英文名称:Waterloo Bridge
年代:1931
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | [WATERLOO BRIDGE] | |
[00:56] | Without any exception,known now by all the world, | 由于全世界都已得悉的行动结果 |
[00:59] | it’s now Sunday, September the 3rd, 1939, | 1939年9月3日 |
[01:02] | as a day to belong remember. | 成为人们长久铭记的日子 |
[01:05] | At 11:15 this morning, | 今天上午11点15分 |
[01:06] | the primary minister speaking to the Nation from No.10, Dunning Street, | 首相在唐宁街十号向全国发表演说 |
[01:10] | announce the Great Britain is at the war with Germany. | 宣告英国与德国进入交战状态 |
[01:14] | Meanwhile, the London Public Earnest remind their emergency order already issued. | 同时殷切期望伦敦市民不要忘记已经发布的紧急状态令 |
[01:19] | No light at any description should be visible after black out time. | 在灯火管制时间内不得露出任何灯光 |
[01:23] | No dogs or cats will be allowed to room at three through out of dark, | 天黑以后任何人不得在街上游荡 |
[01:26] | and the troops should’ve to remember the thief should not to be committed in public area shelter. | 切记不得在公共防空洞里安置床铺 |
[01:31] | Gas mask and warm clothing should be placed hence for retiring | 临睡前应将防毒面具和御寒衣服放在身边 |
[01:34] | and he suggests the warm drinking of cinnamon | 建议在暖瓶里盛上热饮料 |
[01:37] | would be a great of comfort to small children who might have been waken at unusual hour. | 这对在深夜时不得不被叫醒的儿童们会有很大好处 |
[01:42] | If there’s ever the troops maid to require the nurse of those children who still remain in London despite of the evacuation | 要尽力稳定那些仍然留在伦敦的儿童们的情绪 |
[01:48] | which would continue the late hours until this evening. | 尽管至今深夜撤退行动仍在持续进行 |
[01:52] | Colonel Cronnie’s car! | 克劳宁上校的车 |
[02:05] | I was right, Thomas. Tonight! | 我说对了, 汤马斯. 就是今晚 |
[02:08] | To france, Sir? | 您要去法国 |
[02:09] | Waterloo Station! | 去滑铁卢车站 |
[02:12] | Yes. | 是 |
[02:19] | Be familiarity you wanted it. | 那儿你很熟悉吧 |
[02:21] | I mean I’ve been to the last one. | 我是说您经历了上次大战 |
[02:24] | Yes, it would be familiar. | 是啊 是很熟悉 |
[02:32] | Thomas | 汤马斯 |
[02:33] | Sir | 什么 |
[02:34] | Go by way of Waterloo Bridge, will you? | 从滑铁卢桥去车站 |
[02:37] | Waterloo Bridge? Sir? | 滑铁卢桥 |
[02:40] | We have plenty of time. | 时间还够 |
[02:42] | All right, sir? | 好的 |
[02:53] | Wait for me at the other end of the Bridge. | 把车开到桥那头 |
[02:55] | I’ll walk across. | 我走着过去 |
[02:56] | All right. | 是的 上校 |
[04:10] | Here, take this! | 哦 这给你 |
[04:14] | Good luck chuck? | 吉祥符 |
[04:16] | Perhaps it would bring you luck. | 也许它会给你带来运气 |
[04:18] | I hope it will. | 我想它会的 |
[04:20] | I prey it will. | 我真希望它会 |
[04:23] | It’s such wonderfully kind of you | 哦 你真是太好了 |
[04:26] | Do you think you remember me now? | 你现在不会忘记我了吧 |
[04:29] | I think so. | 我想不会 |
[04:33] | I think so. | 不会的 |
[04:36] | For the rest of my life. | 一辈子都不会忘记你 |
[05:22] | I hear it. | 听 空袭警报 |
[05:23] | Oh, you’re dreaming. | 你在做梦吧 |
[05:24] | I didn’t hear a thing. | 我什么也没听见 |
[05:25] | 我听见了 你们听 Well, I didn’t… Did you? Myra | |
[05:28] | And it rings again. | 又来了 |
[05:30] | Be quiet, please, all of you. | 怎么办呢, 你们安静点 |
[05:33] | Pardonme, but was that a warning? | 对不起, 那是空袭警报吗 |
[05:35] | I’m afraid so, we’ll know in a minute. | 恐怕是, 一会儿就知道了 |
[05:37] | Myra, I told you, we’ll be late | 空袭, 你们还不信 |
[05:38] | Madame will be furious. | 夫人会发脾气的 |
[05:40] | We shouldn’t worry about Madame. | 我们还替夫人担心呢 |
[05:41] | Look! Look! | 瞧, 瞧啊 |
[05:48] | Where was he? | 它在哪儿呢? |
[05:49] | Where can we go? | 我们去哪儿好呢? |
[05:50] | The other front station on your right. | 去地下铁道车站吧 |
[05:52] | On your right! | 右边 |
[05:53] | Your right! Your right! | 右边! 嘿 右边! |
[06:05] | Stupid bag, it always does this. | 我真傻, 总是这样 |
[06:07] | Thank you so much. | 太谢谢你了 |
[06:09] | Mind your own life, we might be stretched. | 也许他们要扫射这桥 |
[06:10] | We’d better get off. | 快走吧 |
[06:11] | Oh! My lucky chuck! | 哦 我的吉祥符 |
[06:16] | You’re a fool, you’ll out of life. | 你不想活了 |
[06:18] | I have it years, | 不能丢这儿 |
[06:19] | it brings me luck. | 它带给我运气 |
[06:20] | That is outrages. | 带给你空袭 |
[06:24] | Do you think there’ll be troops on Miller Street if we could run. | 要是我们跑的话, 那就太不像军人了 |
[06:27] | Not at all. | 没关系 |
[06:41] | You idiot, don’t push me, sir. | 嘿, 别推我, 先生 |
[06:43] | And I say you blow me well push | 我就说幸亏推了你 |
[06:45] | if you later would like to staying outside. | 要不是我们的几条腿, 你还在门外面呢 |
[06:47] | I was always right about myself. | 我是一向靠自己跑 |
[06:49] | That’s my old man says a moving tart.It is others to eat. | 我听上了年纪的人说, 活动的靶子可不好打 |
[06:52] | Anti-? | 是吗 |
[06:53] | Not at all. | 当然 |
[06:56] | Blinding! | 哎呀呀 |
[06:58] | Urman’s ready marks on March 18 | 特国人打得可准了 |
[07:00] | Urman? | 特国? |
[07:00] | Yes. | 是呀 |
[07:01] | Urman the German. | 特国就是德国 |
[07:08] | I’m Sorry. | 真对不起 |
[07:09] | It seems there is a certain amount of shaving. | 看来这股推劲还不小呢 |
[07:12] | It is crowd, isn’t it? | 很挤, 是吗? |
[07:16] | That one must close. | 这颗扔得很近 |
[07:18] | Ah, we’re save here. | 这儿安全 |
[07:20] | There may be some space over the wall. | 靠墙边好像人还少一点 |
[07:22] | Shall we make through? | 我们挤过去? |
[07:23] | All right. | 好啊 |
[07:24] | Excuse us, please. | 对不起 |
[07:27] | All right | 对不起 |
[07:34] | Better, yeah | 好点吧 |
[07:35] | Yes, thanks, much better. | 是的, 谢谢, 好多了. |
[07:39] | Look for your friends? | 找你的朋友? |
[07:40] | Yes, perhaps they’re taking another end. | 是的 也许她们从别的门进来了 |
[07:43] | Do you mind? | 不在意吧? |
[07:44] | Oh, no. | 哦, 不, 不 |
[07:46] | I suppose I must offer you one. | 大概你不会吸烟吧 |
[07:48] | 不, 谢谢 Mm…, no thanks. | |
[07:50] | You’re on school, aren’t you? | 你是个学生, 是吗? |
[07:52] | Oh… ho… | 哦 |
[07:54] | I’ve being funny? | 这话可笑吗? |
[07:56] | Oh, look, that’s our school, | 哦 瞧 我们的学校 |
[07:58] | Madam Olga Kirowa International Ballet. | 基诺娃夫人的国际芭蕾舞团 |
[08:02] | International ballet? | 国际芭蕾舞团? |
[08:05] | You don’t mean to say you’re a dancer. | 这么说你是个舞蹈演员啰 |
[08:06] | Yes. | 是的 |
[08:07] | Ah… professional dancer? | 是专业演员? |
[08:08] | Now and then I wonder. | 我看差不多吧 |
[08:11] | You mean you can very well nodor something | 你是说你会转圈什么的 |
[08:14] | Certainly, I can do auto-sante | 当然 我还会滑步呢 |
[08:17] | I beg you pardon? | 你说什么? |
[08:18] | I can cross my feet six times in mid-air | 我能双脚腾空打击六次 |
[08:20] | It just could do ten | 尤金斯基能做十次 |
[08:22] | but that only happen once in the Century. | 不过这一百年才出一个 |
[08:25] | Must because of the muscle’s of… | 哦, 这对肌肉有好处 |
[08:26] | Let’s forget of the muscle. | 对肌肉有好处 |
[08:29] | I should think of the dancer’s muscle be like strong man. | 舞蹈演员的肌肉就像男人的啰 |
[08:31] | Oh, not quietly, that’ll be restrictful. We try to combine the slender and strength | 哦, 那不见得. 要这样的话, 那真是太可怕了. |
[08:35] | Well, I’ve been dancing since I was 12, and… | 我从十二岁开始就练舞蹈了 |
[08:38] | I don’t think the muscle is over-developed? | 我一点都不觉得肌肉特别发达 |
[08:40] | Oh… no, not in your case. | 哦 不 不 你是例外 |
[08:43] | Cause we have to train like gasoline | 我们像运动员一样锻炼 |
[08:44] | Madame believes rigid discipline. | 我们的生活有严格的纪律 |
[08:47] | You’re expected to be in the theater tonight? | 你今晚去剧场吗? |
[08:49] | We don’t go on until ten. | 当然 十点才上场呢 |
[08:52] | Wish I could be there. | 但愿我能去看 |
[08:53] | Why don’t you come? | 你来吗? |
[08:55] | No, unfortunately I have journal’s dinner. | 可惜, 上校那儿有个宴会 |
[08:57] | Takes a lot of nerves to miss journal’s dinner. | 我要不去那得有点胆子 |
[08:59] | Are you home on leave? | 你是回来度假的 |
[09:00] | I haven’t. | 快到期了 |
[09:01] | My home is in Scotland | 我家在苏格兰 |
[09:02] | And you have to go back to… to France… I mean? | 那你又得回去了… 我是说去法国 |
[09:04] | Tomorrow. | 明天 |
[09:05] | Oh, I’m so sorry. | 哦 太遗憾了 |
[09:07] | This hateful war. | 可恶的战争 |
[09:09] | Yes, I suppose it is. | 是啊, 我也这样想 |
[09:12] | Yet, I don’t know… | 这战争, 怎么说呢… |
[09:14] | It owns certain amount of excitement too. | 也有它的精彩之处 |
[09:16] | On the corner every second fascination of the unknown. | 它能随时随地教人感到意外 引人入胜 |
[09:20] | We’re both facing at the incident. | 就像我们这会儿这样的 |
[09:22] | Oh, we’re facing unknowing peacetime too. | 不, 和平时期我们也会这样的 |
[09:25] | You’re rather a matter of fact, don’t you? | 你很实际, 是不是? |
[09:28] | Yes, you’re rather romantic, aren’t you? | 是的. 你很浪漫, 是不是? |
[09:38] | Well, here we are. Wait is over. | 好了 空袭过去了 |
[09:40] | Never enjoyed in L. A more. | 没经历过这么好的空袭吧 |
[09:42] | Shall we go now or wait for the next. | 我们现在走还是等下一次空袭 |
[09:44] | Oh, very attempting, but… I think we’d better go | 这主意不错, 我们还是走吧 |
[09:48] | Shall I carry that? | 我帮你拿吧 |
[09:49] | No, no! | 不 不 |
[09:49] | I only drop it in the emergency. | 我只有在紧急的时候才会掉的 |
[09:51] | I hope I’m around next time it happens. | 啊 但愿下次掉的时候我在旁边 |
[09:54] | It isn’t very like it, isn’t it? | 这不大可能吧 |
[09:56] | You go back to France. | 你要回法国 |
[09:57] | And you… | 你呢 |
[09:58] | We may go to America. | 我们可能去美国 |
[10:00] | That does make it unlikely. | 哦, 这么说不可能罗 |
[10:02] | I’m sorry. | 太遗憾了 |
[10:04] | So am I. | 我也是 |
[10:12] | Too late… | 太晚了 |
[10:13] | I’m afraid I’ll have to take taxi. | 我得坐车走了 |
[10:15] | Well, it may not be so simple. | 车可不太好叫啊 |
[10:24] | I don’t know your… (wish I could have seen… ) | 知不知道…(要是我能) |
[10:28] | What you’re gonna to say? | 你想说什么 |
[10:30] | Wish I could go to see the Ballet. | 要是我能看到芭蕾 |
[10:32] | I’m sure it would be a pleasant memory in the trenches. | 在战壕里我就有愉快的回忆了 |
[10:35] | What were you going to say? | 你想说什么? |
[10:36] | Oh, it just… I… | 哦, 可是我 |
[10:38] | I don’t know anyone who’s in France, and… | 前线的人我一个也不认识 |
[10:40] | I’m afraid to bring it home | 我是不会忘的 |
[10:41] | Now I’ve known you, not I really know you of course. | 现在我认识了你, 当然我并不完全了解你 |
[10:51] | Thank you very much. | 谢谢, 谢谢你了 |
[10:53] | I hope you’ll get back save in town. | 我希望你能平安归来 |
[10:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:57] | Here, take this. | 哦, 这给你 |
[11:02] | Your… your good luck charm? | 这是你的吉祥符啊 |
[11:04] | Perhaps it’ll bring you luck. | 也许会给你带来运气 |
[11:06] | I hope it does. | 会的 |
[11:07] | Oh… I don’t… I can’t take it | 我说我不能拿 |
[11:09] | It mean so much to you. | 这是你心爱的东西 |
[11:10] | You’d better to have it. | 你拿着吧 |
[11:11] | I was beginning to rely on it too much. | 我已经过分依赖它了 |
[11:13] | Oh, that’s wonderfully kind of you. | 哦, 你可真太好了 |
[11:16] | Olympic Theater, please. | 去奥林匹克剧场 |
[11:18] | Good bye. | 再会 |
[11:19] | Good bye. | 再会 |
[12:42] | Kitty, he’s here. | 基蒂, 他来了 |
[12:43] | Who? | 谁? |
[12:43] | The man you met on the ground? | 在地下铁道的那位 |
[12:49] | I don’t understand. | 我真不懂 |
[12:50] | He says he couldn’t come. | 他说他不能来 |
[12:52] | Suppose he just come to see the show… | 可他还是来看演出了 |
[12:55] | You said he has journal’s dinner? | 你说他要参加上校的宴会? |
[12:58] | It’s not what I say, it’s what he says. | 这不是我说的, 是他说的 |
[14:01] | He’s nice, isn’t he? | 他人不错, 是吗? |
[14:02] | He’s being all right. | 人还不错 |
[14:03] | What did he do the corneal? | 可是他把上校给甩了 |
[14:04] | Do you know what her man says? | 夫人会说话吗? |
[14:07] | Watching play? | 我们得留神 |
[14:11] | Girls, girls! | 姑娘们, 姑娘们 |
[14:13] | Girls, please, please to be quite! | 姑娘们,哦, 快点, 快点 |
[14:15] | You know how Madam hates noise. | 夫人最恨乱吵吵了 |
[14:26] | Pauline, what is partabera? | 莫琳, 奥凡涅舞步怎么跳? |
[14:31] | A partabera is progressional points by certain very small even steps. | 奥凡涅舞步是仅次于小碎步的脚尖移动步伐 |
[14:35] | If you know it, why don’t you do it during the performance? | 既然知道, 为什么演出的时候不这么跳? |
[14:42] | Elsa, | 艾尔莎 |
[14:45] | your all abase-sware jumping, they were pussy timbly, elastic. | 你那个迎风展翅毛毛糙糙的 |
[14:51] | Really I was concern for you. | 简直是疯疯颠颠 |
[14:53] | Anna | 安娜 |
[14:58] | show the young lady, please? | 请你给这些年轻小姐 |
[15:00] | How to do an encachgalta? I. | 跳一个腾空打击四次 |
[15:05] | And may I ask why didn’t you do it that way for the audience? | 我想问一问, 为什么你在观众面前不这么跳? |
[15:11] | They also have some rights, you know? | 他们有权利看真正的演出 |
[15:14] | The performance tonight was disgraceful. | 今天晚上的演出简直是丢脸 |
[15:18] | We are playing for the moment in the Wallace Theater, but… | 我们现在虽然是在游乐场演出, 不过… |
[15:23] | Kitty? | 基蒂? |
[15:26] | But that doesn’t mean you should work with less precision than | 不过这并不意味着你们就可以不用心了 |
[15:30] | performing sills, which proceed you. | 比你们前一个节目海豹的表演还差 |
[15:34] | You don’t own the Ballet by your presssincere, | 你们不尊重芭蕾 |
[15:38] | The ballet honors you. | 可芭蕾尊重你们 |
[15:40] | Are there questions? | 有什么事吗 |
[15:51] | Madam? | 什么, 夫人? |
[15:52] | The note, Kitty? | 纸条, 基蒂 |
[15:54] | The note that was handed to you. | 纸条, 刚才人家给你的 |
[15:58] | Oh, it is just from an old friend, and may I… | 是个老朋友刚送来的 |
[16:00] | I don’t need to be reminded that you were of course call girls in a review. | 不用人说, 我就知道你扮演了低级歌舞团里的一个配角 |
[16:05] | Your behavior! | 太不像话 |
[16:06] | Myra! | 玛拉 |
[16:07] | No, Kitty! | 不, 基蒂 |
[16:08] | It’s for me, Madam. | 这是给我的 |
[16:10] | Then you may read it. | 那你念念吧 |
[16:17] | Aloud, please. | 大声点 |
[16:20] | Madam… I… | 夫人 我 |
[16:21] | Read it, please. | 请你念吧 |
[16:28] | As you see,I cannot bear just spend my last evening with my corneal after all, | 我终于觉得我怎么也不能去跟上校 度过我最后一个夜晚 |
[16:32] | Please have supper with me, | 请跟我一起吃晚饭 |
[16:35] | Your friend in the Shelter | 防空壕的朋友 |
[16:37] | P. S. I am sure you would because I have a good luck charm | 我相信你会来的 |
[16:40] | which had already change my luck. | 因为吉祥符把我的运气转好了 |
[16:42] | And the signature? | 署名呢? |
[16:44] | There isn’t one. | 没有署名 |
[16:45] | And if there were one. | 如果要有的话 |
[16:47] | What would it be? | 是什么呢? |
[16:48] | I don’t know, I only know his last name.Indeed! | 不知道 我就知道他是个军官 |
[16:52] | I must emphasize. | 好啊 我必须强调一下 |
[16:53] | That if you want sub-parties, officers, | 如果你想要的是晚会啊 军官哪 快活呀 |
[16:57] | and at the last, you shouldn’t be here with me, | 你就别呆在我这个地方 |
[16:59] | but in other occupation. | 去另找一个职业吧 |
[17:03] | Lydia, paper, please. | 莉迪娅, 给我一张纸 |
[17:07] | A word is no excuse for in the quarrel. | 战争并不是随心所欲的借口 |
[17:21] | And write, please, | 现在写吧 |
[17:23] | Dear sir, | 亲爱的先生 |
[17:24] | What does he act? | 什么军衔? |
[17:26] | Captain! | 上尉 |
[17:28] | Dear Captain, | 亲爱的上尉 |
[17:40] | Here you are, sir. | 给您的 先生 |
[17:41] | Oh, thank you. | 啊, 谢谢 |
[17:44] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你, 先生 |
[17:48] | No goes, sir? | 不行啦, 先生 |
[17:50] | No, I’m afraid not. | 看来是不行了 |
[17:55] | Oh, captain, captain. | 哦, 上尉, 你等等 |
[17:58] | Captain, I’m kitty, Myra’s friend. | 我是基蒂, 玛拉的朋友 |
[18:01] | Where do you like to meet her? | 你想在哪儿等她 |
[18:02] | What? Myra? | 什么? 玛拉? |
[18:03] | Oh, how do you do? | 哦, 你好 |
[18:05] | I do very well, thank you. | 哦 谢谢 |
[18:06] | But where do you want to meet her? | 你想在哪儿等她呢? |
[18:08] | I… | 我… |
[18:09] | But she… uh… she refuse… | 可她 她拒绝了 |
[18:10] | Oh, take your note. | 哦 你别在意 |
[18:11] | There’s an old drag made her to write that | 是夫人让她这么写的 |
[18:13] | You mean she’ll come after all? | 那么说她来 |
[18:14] | Name the place. | 说吧 在哪儿等她 |
[18:15] | Does she know the candle night’s club? | 烛光俱乐部吧 |
[18:17] | No, but I do. Good, then… | 好, 我告诉她 |
[18:18] | Then I’ll be there, an hour, say? | 一小时后, 我在那儿等她 |
[18:20] | An hour. | 那好吧 |
[18:21] | Look, here… | 我说 |
[18:22] | I… I hope I’m doing the right thing. | 这件成人之美的差事我做得对不对 |
[18:25] | Myra’s just a sweet child | 玛拉是个可爱的女孩. |
[18:27] | You can see that, can’t you? | 你明白,是吗? |
[18:31] | I can see that, Kitty. | 我明白, 基蒂 |
[18:35] | Bye-bye, captain. | 再见, 上尉 |
[19:10] | Hello | 你好 |
[19:11] | Oh! Hello | 哦, 我好 |
[19:13] | I’m afraid that Kitty direct you to the wrong place. | 我正担心基蒂把地点说错了 |
[19:16] | Oh no! | 没有 |
[19:17] | But I read the letter before the whole class. | 你的条子我当着大家的面念了 |
[19:20] | Were you embarrassed? | 你难为情吗 |
[19:21] | Yes, so would you, I believe? | 是的 你也会难为情 |
[19:24] | Mh… Idare say. | 我敢说 |
[19:25] | I’m afraid I made it difficult for you? | 我使你为难了吧 |
[19:27] | Well, you… you gave up the corneal, | 啊 你 你把上校甩了 |
[19:29] | so I spend a time very difficult to see you too. | 所以 恐怕我也使你难为情了 |
[19:31] | Yes sure you did, but I have my reward. | 是啊, 可我得到了补偿 |
[19:32] | It’s wonderful to have you to come. | 你来了太好了 |
[19:34] | Shall we go in? | 我们进去吧? |
[19:35] | All right. | 好的 |
[19:54] | Excuseme! | 请原谅 |
[19:57] | How nice you look! | 你真美啊 |
[19:59] | Thank you! | 谢谢 |
[20:02] | Mm… what a dancer eat? | 你们舞蹈演员吃什么 |
[20:05] | Oh, dancing… mostly netruous yet not fattening | 舞蹈演员吃有营养的, 脂肪少的 |
[20:08] | Oh, no… not tonight. | 哦 今晚例外 |
[20:10] | What do you suggest would be particularly rich and in adjustable? | 你这儿有什么特别的菜吗? 我们要高脂肪, 难消化 |
[20:14] | The crab is very nice, sir | 龙虾不错, 先生 |
[20:15] | And wine, this begins against the rule, | 还有酒,不违反舞蹈演员的规矩吧 |
[20:18] | but dancer does drink a little light wine, isn’t it? | 稍微喝点淡酒 |
[20:20] | Well, tonight? | 对 不违反 |
[20:20] | Good! | 好 |
[20:21] | No.14,please. | 来14号 |
[20:22] | No 14,sir. | 知道了 先生 |
[20:24] | The ballet was beautiful! | 啊 你的舞跳得很美 |
[20:26] | Madame didn’t think so. | 我看不见得 |
[20:28] | Well, experts never know. | 内行不懂只有外行懂 |
[20:29] | It takes outsider to know when I tell you it was beautiful. | 我跟你说 你跳得非常美 |
[20:32] | That certainly proves you are an outsider. | 这说明你确实是外行 |
[20:36] | You’d like to see me again. | 再见到我高兴吗 |
[20:38] | Yes. | 是的 |
[20:40] | I sense reservation. | 我看你有点保留 |
[20:43] | Well, I suppose there is one. | 说得对, 是这样的 |
[20:45] | What? | 是什么? |
[20:45] | Why? | 为什么? |
[20:47] | What’s the good of it? | 这让我怎么说呢 |
[20:50] | You are a strange girl, aren’t you? | 你是个奇特的姑娘 |
[20:52] | What’s the good of everything? What’s the good of living? | 我很想知道你是怎么想的 |
[20:54] | That’s a question, too. | 那也是个问题 |
[20:56] | Oh, no, wait a minute. I’m not let you get away with that. | 哦, 等等, 我不想让你离开话题 |
[20:59] | One of the thing about living is this sort of things can happen. | 生活里最美好的就是能发生这样的事 |
[21:02] | The shadow of desperate, | 在空袭的死亡阴影里 |
[21:04] | I can meet youa nd feel more intensely alive, | 能遇见你, 我就充满活力 |
[21:06] | and walking around in the peace time, taking my life for granted. | 比和平时期悠闲的散步更有活力 |
[21:09] | It’s high price to pay for it. | 这代价太高了 |
[21:11] | I don’t think so. | 我不这么认为 |
[21:12] | I do. | 我这么认为 |
[21:13] | Do people have to kill each other to give them a hiking sense of life? | 难道人们非得互相残杀 才能给他们带来活力 |
[21:18] | That’s got nothing to do with people killing each other. | 可这和互相残杀完全是两回事 |
[21:21] | Are you excited about life or you’re not? | 对生活不是充满信心? |
[21:23] | You know, I’ve never been able to wait for the future. | 就是麻木不仁, 无动于衷 |
[21:27] | When I was very young, a child in fact, | 我还记得我很小的时候 |
[21:29] | I climb to the top branch of a high tree to like a diver, | 我像一个跳水员似的爬到一棵大树顶上 |
[21:32] | announce my horrify governance, now I shall take a leave into the future | 向女教师宣布, 我要跳向未来 |
[21:35] | and I jump. | 而且真跳了 |
[21:38] | I was in the hospital two months. | 我住了两个月医院 |
[21:40] | You should let the future catch up you more slowly. | 真该让未来慢一点 |
[21:43] | Oh, no, can’t help it, I can’t help it. | 哦, 不, 不, 我天生这样, 没办法 |
[21:45] | OK., if we met in ordinary time with ordinary way, | 你看 要是我们在一般情况下相遇 |
[21:48] | we’re just about telling what school we went to. | 那我们就只能谈谈上什么学校了 |
[21:55] | We’re much further along, don’t you think? | 可我们现在就不一样了 |
[21:58] | Are we? | 是吗 |
[22:00] | You know we are. | 你知道是的 |
[22:03] | Oh! I’m too excited, let’s dance? | 我太高兴了 跳舞去吧 |
[22:05] | All right! | 好的 |
[22:22] | To you! | 为你 |
[22:24] | Thank you! | 谢谢 |
[22:25] | To us! | 为我们 |
[22:31] | I still don’t get enough quite. | 我还是不太明 白 |
[22:33] | What? | 什么 |
[22:35] | Your face. | 你的脸 |
[22:36] | It’s all beauty, all beauty. | 那么年轻, 那么美 |
[22:39] | What is it you still don’t get? | 还有什么你不明白的? |
[22:43] | You know when I left you this afternoon. | 你知道我们分手以后 |
[22:44] | I couldn’t remember what you look like, not for the life of me. | 我忘了你的长什么样了, 记不得了 |
[22:47] | I thought was she pretty? | 我想她美吗? |
[22:49] | Was she ugly? | 丑吗? |
[22:50] | What was she like? I couldn’t remember. | 说实话 怎么也想不起来了 |
[22:52] | I simply had to go get back to the theater to see what does she look like? | 我非得赶到剧场看看你的模样 |
[22:55] | And do you think you can remember me now? | 现在不会忘了吧? |
[22:59] | I think so. I think so. | 我想不会. 不会的 |
[23:04] | For the rest of my life. | 一辈子都不会忘 |
[23:09] | But what is it all about the muse you still don’t get? | 对我, 你还想知道点什么 |
[23:14] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们, 先生们 |
[23:15] | we now come to the last dance of the evening. | 现在演奏今晚的最后一个舞曲 |
[23:18] | I hope you enjoy the farewell waltz. | 请你们跳一路平安 |
[23:21] | I’ll tell you later, let’s dance now. | 待会儿跟你说 现在跳舞 |
[23:24] | What does this mean of these candles? | 这些蜡烛什么意思? |
[23:26] | You’ll find out. | 你一会儿就知道了 |
[26:16] | I’ll write to you. | 我给你写信 |
[26:17] | Will you answer? | 你回信吗? |
[26:18] | Of course. | 当然 |
[26:20] | Wonderfully evening, wasn’t it? | 迷人的夜晚, 是吗? |
[26:22] | Yes, thank you very much. | 是的, 谢谢你 |
[26:25] | When I come back, we’ll go there again. | 等我回来, 我们, 我们再去那儿 |
[26:27] | Yes. | 好的 |
[26:28] | There’ll be our place. | 那是我们的地方 |
[26:30] | That’s where we’re always re-catch this evening. | 是我们永远不能忘记的地方 |
[26:34] | You think we’ll ever seen each other again? | 你看我们还会见面吗 |
[26:36] | I think it’s startful, don’t you? . | 我看很难说, 你说呢? |
[26:39] | Yes, I suppose it is. | 是啊 我也这么想 |
[26:42] | What was that you started to tell me in the restaurant | 你在饭店里想跟我说什么来着 |
[26:44] | you didn’t understand about me? | 你说你还不 了解我 |
[26:47] | Mm…, no use to go into now. | 现在用不着再说了 |
[26:50] | Please tell me, I would like to know. | 跟我说说吧, 我想知道 |
[26:54] | Well, it strikes me curious ever since I meet you, | 我们一认识我就觉得这太神奇了 |
[26:56] | you know, very early moment ages ago. | 就在这漫长的刹那间 |
[27:00] | That you’re so young, so lovely, so defeat-ages… | 你是那么年轻, 那么漂亮, 又是那么悲观… |
[27:04] | You don’t seem to respect much from life? | 我是说 你似乎对生活没什么指望 |
[27:07] | Well, is that right? | 也许你说得对 |
[27:09] | For instance, I meet you, I like you. | 先是我们认识了, 我喜欢你 |
[27:13] | And I assume so soon we’ll apart, | 现在我们又得分手了 |
[27:15] | perhaps we’ll never see each other again. | 也许我们再也不会见面了 |
[27:18] | You can’t conceive that then. | 你现在就想象得出 |
[27:20] | I’ll never see each other again. | 我们不会再见面了 |
[27:22] | Yes, I can’t. | 是的 想象得出 |
[27:27] | This where you live. | 你住这儿 |
[27:29] | Yes. | 是的 |
[27:31] | Nothing to do about it, does it? | 好,就这样了 |
[27:33] | Nothing… except to say good bye. | 就这样, 除了说再见 |
[27:36] | I suppose so. | 是这样 |
[27:39] | Good bye. | 再见 |
[27:40] | Good bye, Myra, dear. | 再见, 玛拉, 亲爱的 |
[27:42] | Good bye, Roy. | 再见, 罗伊 |
[27:45] | Keep well! | 多保重 |
[27:46] | Yes, you too, Keep well! | 是的, 你也多保重 |
[27:48] | Mh… nothing can happen to me. | 我不会怎么的 |
[27:51] | Your lucky charm will see you then. | 你的吉祥符守着我的 |
[27:53] | I hope it will. | 它会的 |
[27:54] | I’ll prey it will. | 我真希望它会 |
[27:57] | Good bye! | 再见 |
[27:58] | Good bye! | 再见 |
[28:03] | Please leave me first. | 是不是你先进去 |
[28:06] | All right. | 好吧 |
[28:53] | Ah, I wish I can have this catch amended. | 我得修修这个扣了 |
[28:55] | What I’ve been telling you? | 我早就跟你说了? |
[28:57] | It broken open twice yesterday. | 昨天它松开了两次 |
[29:03] | Oh! Kitty, What time is it? | 哦, 基蒂, 几点了? |
[29:05] | It’s… almost 11. | 现在差不多是十一点 |
[29:08] | Oh! | 噢 |
[29:13] | Good morning, Madame! | 早上好, 夫人! |
[29:15] | Good morning! | 早晨好 |
[29:17] | I come to congraduate you, Myra. | 我是来向你祝贺的, 玛拉 |
[29:19] | What? Madame. | 祝贺什么? 夫人 |
[29:21] | On-being up. Myra. | 你起床了 |
[29:22] | Considering that you didn’t go to bed until 4,it’s remarkable. | 想想看你四点钟才回来睡觉 真不简单 |
[29:27] | I have the feeling your performance tonight | 我在想今天晚上你的演出 |
[29:29] | will give the effect of sleep walking. | 会像得了梦游症的人一样 |
[29:32] | That’s the first time Myra’s been out, Madam? | 不过她是第一次出去, 夫人 |
[29:35] | When I made you to send the note to the Military gentleman. | 昨天晚上我让你写字条 给那位军官先生 |
[29:38] | It was you I was trying to protect. | 是为了你 我是为了保护你 |
[29:42] | I’m fond of the girls who work for me | 跟我在一起的姑娘我都喜欢 |
[29:44] | I don’t want them to be camp followers. | 我不愿意她们去做随军妓女 |
[29:48] | You don’t know him or you wouldn’t say that. | 你要了解我就不会这么说了 |
[29:49] | Can’t we have any private life at all? | 我们就一点私生活不能有吗? |
[29:52] | Not when it cost your public clever theater. | 当它有损于你们在剧院的生活 那就不行 |
[29:56] | I’m happy that he didn’t stay here for a week. | 我很庆幸的是 他没在这儿呆一个星期 |
[29:59] | Otherwise he would ruin six performances instead of one. | 否则的话, 这一个星期的演出都得让他给毁了 |
[30:03] | If such thing should happened again with you or any of the others, | 如果再出现这种事, 不管是你还是别的什么人 |
[30:07] | It means instant dismissal | 都必须马上予以开除 |
[30:12] | I will see youat the theater tonight, if it is not too much trouble. | 今天晚上我们剧场再见, 如果你没有什么不方便的话 |
[30:26] | Oh… Why she’s so curl and hateful. | 她这人怎么这么可恶 |
[30:29] | Ah, the old booster… | 这个老巫婆 |
[30:31] | She talks always like that. | 她跟谁都这么说话 |
[30:33] | Never mind. | 别往心里去 |
[30:35] | Spoil everything. | 真扫兴 |
[30:36] | Oh, rubbish! | 你别瞎扯了 |
[30:38] | You’re upset and tired. | 你又累心又烦 |
[30:40] | Why don’t you go to bed? | 今天你就好好的休息一下 |
[30:42] | There’s no rehearsal today. | 没有排演 |
[30:43] | No, I’m not tired. | 不, 我不累 |
[30:48] | Horrible morning for the Jamey Crossby. | 过海峡碰上这种天气 |
[30:50] | I suppose he’s gone now. | 他走了吗 |
[30:52] | Yeah, I suppose so. | 是啊 恐怕走了 |
[31:14] | Kitty, Kitty, Look! | 基蒂, 你看! |
[31:15] | He’s there. | 他在这儿 |
[31:17] | Here is sergeant. | 哦, 天哪, 他开小差了 |
[31:20] | Kitty, thanks God! | 基蒂 他在这儿 |
[31:21] | He’s here! | 他没走, 他在这儿 |
[31:21] | He’ll be called Marshall for this | 他会上军事法庭的 |
[31:23] | Oh, I gotta go, I gotta to! | 哦, 我得去! 我得去! |
[31:24] | Oh, calm down, will you? | 别着急 |
[31:25] | He would certainly understand it takes a while, Myra. | 他现在不会走开的 |
[31:28] | Oh, Kitty, you speak to him too, don’t you? | 基蒂, 你看见他了吗? |
[31:30] | Well, that certainly goes to bring him up. | 不要下去, 叫他上来吧 |
[31:31] | Oh, get away to that window, you stupid thing… | 哦, 你站在窗口 |
[31:33] | Your feet! You can’t take it around and… | 哦, 我怎么办, 你这傻瓜 |
[31:35] | Where is my hat? | 我的帽子呢? |
[31:36] | Myra, for Christ’s sake! | 玛拉,看在基督的份上 |
[31:38] | Oh… oh… Kitty | 哦, 基蒂… |
[31:40] | What if I… what if he… | 哦, 要是,要是他 |
[31:41] | Oh! You suppose… | 你说呢 |
[31:42] | Oh! Dear… | 亲爱的 |
[31:43] | Oh! Kitty… | 哦 基蒂 |
[31:44] | What do you think? | 你说呢? |
[31:45] | Oh, God, Kitty? | 哦 基蒂 |
[31:47] | Do I look all right? | 我这样行吗 |
[31:48] | Yes, sure you look allright. You look better if you put your dress on. | 是的, 还可以. 穿上衣服就更好 |
[31:50] | Oh! Kitty… | 哦! 基蒂 |
[31:51] | Ah, here… | 过来 |
[31:51] | Come on now. | 穿上 |
[31:53] | Look, look… Myra… | 快, 快穿上… 玛拉 |
[31:54] | Stop it! | 你慢点 |
[31:56] | Come on… | 快点 |
[31:57] | I don’t know what I’m doing. | 我该怎么办呢, 他会走的 |
[31:58] | I’m embarrassing… | 哦, 天哪 |
[31:59] | Oh! Dear! | 哦 在哪 |
[32:00] | I hate those buttons. | 帮我扣上 |
[32:01] | Kitty, Kitty… | 基蒂, 基蒂 |
[32:02] | I just want to… | 我正在想 |
[32:03] | I just want to… | 我正在想 |
[32:04] | Kitty, he came back. | 基蒂, 他回来了 |
[32:06] | It was the beginning to think. | 我刚才还在想 |
[32:08] | But he didn’t. | 他没走 |
[32:09] | He came back. | 他回来了 |
[32:11] | Is he still there? | 哦, 他还在吗? |
[32:14] | He is! | 他还在 |
[32:14] | Hey! Wait a minute! Wait a minute! | 你等一等, 等一等 |
[32:16] | I get you a rainypush… | 我去给你拿雨衣 |
[32:17] | Between the ten and corner there. | 你的雨伞在墙角 |
[32:20] | Here, put this on. | 来, 穿上 |
[32:22] | Now I’d better go fish. | 哦 我走在前头 |
[32:23] | You don’t want to run into the man all the way down. | 千万别让夫人碰上了 |
[32:30] | Wait aminute. | 等等 |
[32:34] | All cleared. | 警报解除 |
[32:36] | Please tell him no more force long… | 你可别发出什么假警报 |
[32:38] | I can’t stand the excitement. | 再这么折腾, 我可受不了啦 |
[32:51] | Hello! | 你好 |
[32:52] | Hello! | 你好 |
[33:01] | Nice for you to come to see me. | 你来看我, 太好了 |
[33:03] | Not at all. | 别这么说 |
[33:05] | You… you didn’t go? | 你没走? |
[33:06] | Couldn’t…My orders has changed, | 海下有水雷 |
[33:08] | forty-eight hours to leave. | 放假48小时 |
[33:10] | Isn’t that wonderful. | 真是太好了 |
[33:13] | Yes, two whole days. | 是的 有整整两天 |
[33:20] | I thought all about you last night. | 你知道, 我一夜都在想你 |
[33:21] | Couldn’t sleep for a wink. | 睡也睡不着 |
[33:23] | You’re merry to remember me last instance. | 你终于学会记住我了 |
[33:25] | Yes, very merry. | 是的 刚刚学会 |
[33:27] | Myra, what do you think we’re going todo this? | 玛拉, 今天我们干什么? |
[33:29] | Well… I… I… | 哦, 我, 我 |
[33:30] | Oh, you want the time for that. | 现在不 由你这样 |
[33:31] | What? | 这样? |
[33:32] | For hesitate! | 这样犹豫! |
[33:33] | No more hesitating for you. | 你不能再犹豫了 |
[33:33] | No? | 不能? |
[33:34] | No! | 不! |
[33:35] | What’re the merry things you’re going to say? | 那我该怎么样呢? |
[33:36] | We’re going to be marry. | 去跟我结婚 |
[33:39] | Roy, you must be mad! | 哦, 罗伊, 你疯了吧! |
[33:40] | Ah… no, it’s marvelous sensation. | 疯狂是美好的感觉 |
[33:41] | Oh! Roy! | 哦! 罗伊! |
[33:42] | Do be sensitive. | 理智点 |
[33:42] | Not me! | 我才不呢 |
[33:43] | But you don’t know me! | 可你还不了解我 |
[33:44] | I discover you. | 会了解的 |
[33:45] | Spend the rest of whole my life doing it. | 用我一生来了解 |
[33:46] | Oh! Roy, it’s war time. | 哦! 罗伊, 现在在打仗 |
[33:48] | It’s… it’s because you are leaving so soon. | 因为你快要离开 了 |
[33:50] | Because you feel you must spend whole of your life in forty-eighthours. | 因为你觉得必须在两天内度过你整个一生 |
[33:53] | We’re going to be marry | 我们去结婚吧 |
[33:55] | It’s you. | 除了你 |
[33:56] | And it’ll never be anyone else. | 别的人我都不要 |
[33:57] | How can you tell that? | 你怎么这么肯定? |
[33:59] | I must know it. | 亲爱的 |
[33:59] | None of your equlevent. | 别吱吱唔唔了 |
[34:00] | None of your questioning. | 别再问了 |
[34:01] | None of your doubts. | 别再犹豫了 |
[34:02] | This is positive, you see. | 就这样定了, 知道吗 |
[34:03] | This is firmarative, you see. | 这样肯定了, 知道吗 |
[34:05] | This is final, you see. | 这样决定了, 知道吗 |
[34:07] | You are going to marry me. | 我们去结婚吧 |
[34:08] | You see! | 知道吗 |
[34:10] | I see. | 我知道 |
[34:18] | What’s matter, darling? | 怎么回事? 亲爱的 |
[34:19] | Where are we going? | 我们去哪儿 |
[34:20] | To uptown for engagement, | 去宣布订婚 |
[34:23] | to theBaron, St. Thomas Square. | 回兵营去 |
[34:27] | Now, Myra, I want to give you a complete picture | 玛拉, 我跟你说 |
[34:29] | what I am going to let you in for. | 目前会陷于什么样的麻烦 |
[34:30] | All right. | 好的 |
[34:31] | I have to going through certain back. | 我要你知道一下某些情况 |
[34:33] | In the first place, my dear young lady. | 首先我亲爱的年轻小姐 |
[34:34] | Am a captain in the rental ship Ulserlias. | 了解我是朗特谢步兵团的上尉 |
[34:37] | Are you impressed? | 挺唬人吧 |
[34:38] | Very much. | 挺唬人 |
[34:40] | A captain in the rental ship Ulserlias cannot be marry casually. | 一个朗特谢步兵团的上尉 是不能草率结婚的 |
[34:42] | Requires men’s preposition for melody… anything. | 要准备, 要有很多手续和仪式 |
[34:45] | I see. | 这我知道 |
[34:45] | It’s alibraryritual… | 这有点繁文缛节 |
[34:48] | Is it? | 是吗? |
[34:49] | For example, the captain in the rentalship Ulserlias | 譬如一个朗特谢步兵团的上尉 |
[34:51] | has before he marries to get concern of his corneal… | 要结婚 必须得到他上校的同意 |
[34:54] | Is that difficult? | 这很困难吗? |
[34:55] | Well, it might or it might not be. | 也许困难, 也许不 |
[34:57] | I think it’s gonna be difficult. | 我看不那么容易 |
[34:59] | Great deal depends upon the potentationers. | 这得看怎么恳求了 |
[35:01] | On thecharmerof potentationers, on these others, on the eloquence. | 看恳求的魅力, 看他的热情和口才 |
[35:04] | Myra, look at me. | 玛拉, 看着我 |
[35:06] | Yes, captain! | 是 上尉 |
[35:07] | Don’t doubt how it comes | 怎么, 你怀疑吗 |
[35:10] | You’re very competitive, captain! | 你太自信了, 上尉 |
[35:11] | You’requite mad, captain! | 你简直疯狂了, 上尉 |
[35:13] | You’re ragulartism, head strong and… | 你又莽撞 又固执 又 |
[35:16] | I adore you. | 我爱你 上尉 |
[35:26] | Now, sit here. | 你坐这儿 |
[35:27] | Don’t speak to strangers. | 跟谁也别说话 |
[35:28] | I’ll be right back. | 我一会就来 |
[35:38] | Myra! | 玛拉 |
[35:39] | So soon? | 这么快? |
[35:40] | Oh, no, I’ve not see him. | 不, 我还没见着他呢 |
[35:42] | I’ve got something very important… In face, indispensable! | 有件重要的必不可少的东西我忘了 |
[35:43] | What? | 什么? |
[35:44] | Your virus-certificate. | 你的履历表 |
[35:46] | Well, I’m afraid I’ve been misled them. | 哦 我不知道放哪儿了 |
[35:47] | I’ll check them up. | 我给你填上 |
[35:48] | Now, then… | 那么 |
[35:49] | I assume you were born… where? | 你在哪儿出生的? |
[35:50] | Berming. | 伯明翰 |
[35:51] | When? | 年月 |
[35:53] | July, 9, 1895 | 1895年6月9日 |
[35:54] | Father’s occupation? | 你父亲的职业 |
[35:56] | Schoolmaster! | 中学教员 |
[35:56] | Parents living? | 父母在吗? |
[35:58] | No. | 不 |
[35:59] | Ha… say, whatelse? | 我说 |
[36:02] | Oh, yes! | 对了 |
[36:03] | What’s your last name? | 你姓什么 |
[36:05] | Oh, Roy! | 哦, 罗伊! |
[36:06] | Lester! | 莱斯特! |
[36:07] | Lucky I thought of that, that is very vital. | 幸亏想到这个 这很要紧 |
[36:09] | Good bye, Miss Lester! | 再见 莱斯特小姐 |
[36:10] | Good bye! | 再见 |
[36:12] | Wait just a second! | 稍等一会儿 |
[36:29] | Excuseme, sir. | 对不起 |
[36:31] | Yes, yes, what is it, corneal? | 哦, 什么事? 克劳宁 |
[36:32] | May I see you privately, sir? | 能单独跟你谈谈吗 |
[36:34] | I am at lunch! | 我在吃饭呢 |
[36:36] | It’s extremely important, sir. | 这事非常要紧 |
[36:37] | You know Sanprous last night when he interrupted dinner. | 昨天的宴会你让我们好等 |
[36:39] | Now you interrupt my lunch! | 现在你又想不让我吃饭了 |
[36:40] | It’s all part of the same thing, sir. | 都是为了一件事情 |
[36:44] | Ah, very well, back in a minute. | 哦, 好吧, 我就来 |
[36:51] | I am terribly sorry, sir. | 我非常抱歉 |
[36:52] | But I think you understand. | 不过我想你会理解的 |
[36:54] | I hope you understand. | 但愿你能理解 |
[36:55] | You are not going me some sort of clue? | 你是不是能给我透露一点呢? |
[36:57] | Sorry about interrupting your dinner last night. | 我很抱歉 昨天你的宴会我没能来 |
[36:59] | But… you see, corneal… | 不过你知道, 上校 |
[37:01] | Well, whatever it is, I hope you strictly it up | 不管你想说些什么, 你还是干脆说吧 |
[37:04] | beforel get corny into the suggestion. | 免得我消化不良 |
[37:06] | Sit down. | 坐吧 |
[37:08] | Well, I’d rather stand if you don’t mind, sir, I am inquite of hurry. | 我想我还是站着好, 我急得不得了 |
[37:11] | The fact is, corneal… | 事情是 上校 |
[37:13] | …the fact… the fact… | 事情… 事情… |
[37:15] | What is the fact? | 究竟什么事情? |
[37:17] | With your permission, sir. | 要是你允许 |
[37:19] | If you don’t mind, sir. | 要是你不反对 |
[37:19] | I would like to get marry this afternoon. | 今天下午我想结婚 |
[37:22] | And who is the bride to be, may I ask? | 哦, 新娘是谁呢? |
[37:25] | Her name is Myra Lester. | 她叫玛拉莱斯特 |
[37:26] | I have her virus certificate. | 我有她履历表 |
[37:28] | Sit down! | 哦, 你坐下 |
[37:33] | Do you know her long. | 认识她很久了? |
[37:35] | Long enough to be absolutely sure, sir. | 可以说是久经考验 |
[37:37] | It’s you being presented to the court. | 她晋见过陛下吗? |
[37:39] | Very much, sir. | 我想她没有 |
[37:40] | But she is elect devoted for presentation with you. | 可我想她是有资格去晋见的 |
[37:45] | Roy, you’re leaving for the prompt tomorrow. | 克劳宁 你明天就要上前线了 |
[37:47] | You’re sure that hasn’t to do anything with your haste? | 你这么匆匆忙忙的跟上前线有关系罗? |
[37:50] | Certainly, sir. | 当然 |
[37:51] | You see, I want to marry her before I leave. | 走之前跟她结婚 |
[37:52] | So that she can move to live with my mother until I get back. | 那么她就可以跟我的母亲住在一起了 |
[37:55] | Mm… I see. | 我懂了 |
[37:56] | We’re approving this. | 克劳宁 我看 |
[37:58] | This is what your proto-responsibility. | 这件事事关重大 |
[38:00] | I know, sir. | 我知道 |
[38:01] | And the responsibility that I cannot assure by myself. | 而且这个责任我本人也可能承担不 了 |
[38:07] | I… wish you try, sir. | 我… 我看你承担一下吧 |
[38:09] | Sorry, but I’m afraid that I’ll have to ask you to get the concern | 我补充一句, 我不得不要求你去徵求 |
[38:12] | with the grace colonelin chief. | 名誉团长公爵的同意 |
[38:14] | I see. | 明白了 |
[38:14] | As he is your relative, he can inquire more truthfully indeed, but I can’t. | 他是你亲戚, 他比我更能把这件事情处理好 |
[38:19] | However, to get his concern, you have mine. | 如果他同意了, 也就是我同意了 |
[38:21] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你 |
[38:23] | And I hope your future engage will not take place during meal time. | 而且我希望你今后要办什么事, 最好别选在吃饭的时间 |
[38:28] | Sorry sir. | 我很抱歉 |
[38:30] | Thank you, sir. | 祝你幸运 |
[38:38] | Reverent Steward Crowford, Sparrow Square! | 班德广场, 瑞勒斯大厦 |
[38:39] | Yes. | 是, 先生 |
[38:47] | Captain Roy Cronnie… | 克劳宁上尉来了 |
[38:49] | Oh, my boy, I’m glad to see you. | 啊, 孩子, 看见你很高兴 |
[38:51] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢, 叔叔 |
[38:52] | Very glad to see you. | 的确很高兴,你好啊 |
[38:54] | Very well, sir. | 很好 |
[38:55] | When do you go back? | 什么时候走啊? |
[38:56] | Day after tomorrow. | 后天 |
[38:57] | You’re beginning back for that to push camera, I expect. | 希望你能活蹦乱跳的回来 |
[38:59] | I hope so, sir. | 我也这么希望 |
[39:00] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[39:01] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢 |
[39:02] | Had a nice leave? | 假期过得好吗? |
[39:03] | Wonderful! | 好极了! |
[39:03] | Good, good. | 好, 好, 应该如此 |
[39:04] | During the service… well, my boy, anything I can do for you. | 孩子, 有什么事要我帮忙吗? |
[39:09] | Yes, sir. | 是的 |
[39:12] | What is it? | 什么事啊? |
[39:13] | I… I’d like you to concern my marriage. | 我… 我想请你准许我结婚 |
[39:18] | Marriage… ho… ho… ho… | 你结婚… |
[39:22] | Who is the girl. | 这姑娘是谁? |
[39:23] | Miss Myra Lester. | 玛拉莱斯特小姐 |
[39:24] | Lester… Lester… | 莱斯特… 莱斯特… |
[39:26] | Salle? | 萨里的? |
[39:27] | No, | 不 |
[39:28] | Birmingham. | 伯明翰 |
[39:31] | Birmingham… Lester… | 伯明翰… 莱斯特… |
[39:35] | Do I know them? | 我认识她吗? |
[39:36] | No, but I can rambling that, sir. | 不, 到时候你会认识的 |
[39:39] | Does your mother know her. | 你母亲认识她? |
[39:40] | No, she will. | 不, 她会的 |
[39:41] | At least, Myra. Her parents are died, she lives alone. | 不过玛拉她父母死了, 她一个人了 |
[39:46] | Well, what does she do? | 哎呀呀, 她是干什么的? |
[39:49] | She’s a dancer. | 是舞蹈演员 |
[39:52] | A dancer? | 舞蹈演员? |
[39:54] | Yes! | 是的 |
[39:57] | She’s… | 她… |
[39:58] | She’s terribly nice, sir. | 她长得非常美 |
[40:00] | A dancer… | 舞蹈演员 |
[40:05] | You know, Roy… | 你知道, 罗伊 |
[40:07] | You know, Roy… | 你知道, 罗伊 |
[40:09] | I like dancers. | 我喜欢舞蹈演员 |
[40:12] | Oh, thank you, sir. | 哦, 谢谢你 |
[40:13] | I mean… I… I don’t blame you. | 我是说这 这也难怪你 |
[40:15] | Dancers! Mm… | 舞蹈演员! |
[40:16] | In my time, you understand? | 当然了, 想当年 |
[40:18] | Of course. AH… | 是啊 想当年 |
[40:19] | When I was your age, I was in love with a dancer. | 我在你这个年龄也爱过一个舞蹈演员 |
[40:22] | Wanted to marry her. | 想跟她结婚 |
[40:24] | She wouldn’t! | 可她不愿意 |
[40:27] | If she had accepted me, she would have been your ante. | 啊, 要是她愿意, 就是你婶婶了 |
[40:30] | Never have been delightful. | 那真会叫人高兴 |
[40:31] | Look here, my boy! | 是啊, 孩子, 不瞒你说 |
[40:33] | No one telling I am very proud of your war record. | 我对你的成绩很满 |
[40:36] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢, 叔叔 |
[40:39] | Oh, you know what you’re doing, I suppose. | 那你知道自 己做的事吧 |
[40:41] | Yes. | 是的 |
[40:43] | You’ll be proud of her, too, sir. | 你也会为她自豪的 |
[40:44] | I am sure. | 我肯定 |
[40:46] | I don’t necessary to believe what they called “Correct Marriage”. | 我没必要相信什么所谓的门当户对 |
[40:50] | See, many of them turn out to be badly. | 有不少这样的婚姻很不幸 |
[40:54] | Wow, good luck, my boy. | 好, 我祝你好运, 孩子 |
[40:56] | I bless you. | 祝福你 |
[40:57] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢 |
[40:57] | I’ll never forget this. | 我会永远铭记在心 |
[40:59] | Neither will she. | 她也会的 |
[40:59] | That’s all right. | 这没什么 |
[41:01] | Bring her around this evening on your next leave. | 下次休假的时候带她来见见我 |
[41:02] | I shall. | 会的 |
[41:03] | Byeing for then. | 好孩子 |
[41:04] | Thank you again, sir. | 再次谢谢 |
[41:14] | A dancer? | 舞蹈演员? |
[41:25] | On the sustain,I have the honor to announce its greatest concern to | 我荣幸地宣布公爵已经同意 |
[41:28] | the marriage of captain Roy Cronnie at the Rental ShipUIserlias to | 朗特谢步兵团上尉罗伊克劳宁 |
[41:30] | Miss Myra Lester at Birmingham Worryorchard, England. | 和伯明翰的莱斯特小姐的婚姻 |
[41:33] | No family opposition. | 家庭不反对 |
[41:34] | Not as expected. | 一点不 |
[41:35] | Disappointed? | 没料到 |
[41:37] | Too easy, I’m frighten. | 是啊, 我有点怕 |
[41:38] | Ha… defeated. | 真是悲观派的 |
[41:40] | Where to, sir? | 上哪儿? 先生 |
[41:42] | Ah… Bond street. | 到邦德街 |
[41:43] | Yes, sir. | 是, 先生 |
[41:46] | Bond street? | 邦德街? |
[41:47] | Bond street for a ring. | 到那儿去买戒指 |
[41:48] | Very simple ring. | 普通的戒指 |
[41:49] | I don’t want to spoil your straight at all. | 我不想宠坏了你 |
[41:51] | Then to the florist. | 然后到花店 |
[41:51] | You deserve a rosy. | 你该有束花 |
[41:53] | Then to the St. Matthew’s church. | 再到圣马修教堂 |
[41:54] | St. Matthew’s? | 去圣马修教堂? |
[41:56] | Really? | 真的? |
[41:56] | Of course, St. Matthew’s. | 当然去圣马修了 |
[41:58] | They have proper tradition with rigid mental marriages, | 那儿对军人的婚姻可以办得快一点 |
[42:00] | where walk-in many strangers and walk out couple friends… | 进去的时候我们陌生,出来我们就亲密了 |
[42:16] | The door beyond is the chest, sir. | 你们从那个门进去 |
[42:18] | You’ll find the big choir at practice. | 牧师在和唱诗班练习 |
[42:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[42:34] | Well, darling. | 好, 亲爱的 |
[42:34] | Oh, Roy! | 哦, 罗伊! |
[42:36] | Shall we face? | 终于到了 |
[42:37] | It’s been so quick… | 事情来得太快了 |
[42:38] | Are you quite, quite sure? | 你真的拿定主意了 |
[42:42] | Myra, I was never so sure anything in my life. | 玛拉 我这个主意是拿定了 |
[42:45] | In the moment you left me after the air ray. | 上一次你一走 |
[42:47] | I knew I must find you again, quickly. | 我就感到必须马上再找到你 |
[42:50] | I found you, I’ll never let you go. | 我找到了, 就永远不让你走 |
[42:53] | Does that answer you? | 这一下放心了? |
[43:07] | Wait here. | 你在这儿等一下 |
[43:46] | This is Miss Lester. | 这是莱斯特小姐 |
[43:47] | How do you do, Miss Lester. | 你好, 莱斯特小姐 |
[43:49] | How do you do. | 你好 |
[43:50] | I am sorry to disappoint you, Miss Lester. | 真抱歉使你失望了 莱斯特小姐 |
[43:52] | But I’m afraid that it’s impossible for me to marry you now. | 现在我不能为你们举行婚礼 |
[43:56] | Do don’t you forget that according to the law, | 无疑你们忘了,根据法律 |
[43:58] | no marriage can take place after three o’clock. | 根据法律 |
[44:01] | I explain to the Deacon, Myra. | 我已经跟牧师说过了 玛拉 |
[44:03] | That the this is the emergency, | 这是一个非常事件 |
[44:04] | we thought during war time, something could bemanaged… | 我们想战争时期能通融一点 |
[44:08] | Isn’t there really anything you could do, sir? | 是不是可以帮一下忙? |
[44:09] | We’ll pay our most grateful. | 我们将万分感激 |
[44:11] | I’d like to help you. | 我很愿意帮忙 |
[44:12] | But unfortunately, that is law. | 不幸的是 这是法 |
[44:15] | However, if you would come tomorrow morning at 11 time, | 但是如果你们明天十一点钟来这儿 |
[44:18] | I shall be most happy to purfome the ceremony for you. | 我将十分高兴的为你们举行婚礼 |
[44:21] | But we have so little of time. | 可我们时间不多了 |
[44:24] | Well, there are only few hours. | 哦, 这只差几小时 |
[44:26] | I just means we’ll have to be engaged for a whole day. | 只不过我们的订婚要拖长一天了 |
[44:30] | I don’t believe long engagement, do you, Deacon? | 我不赞成订婚拖得太长, 你说呢? 牧师 |
[44:33] | Oh, not when the party are elder. | 哦 除非双方年龄较大 |
[44:36] | But I think in your case, it can do no harm. | 照你们的情况我想 到没有什么妨碍 |
[44:39] | Then I should expect you tomorrow at eleven. | 那么我明天十一点钟等你们 |
[44:42] | We’ll be here. | 我们会来的 |
[44:42] | 11 precisely. | 钟打11下我们准到 |
[44:44] | We’ll stroke the hours. | 我也准时等候 |
[44:45] | I should be thank you. | 谢谢 |
[44:46] | Good bye, thank you very much. | 谢谢你了 |
[44:48] | Good bye, MissLester. | 再见, 莱斯特小姐 |
[44:49] | Good bye, deacon. | 再见, 牧师 |
[45:00] | Where’s Myra, anyhow? | 玛拉到底上哪儿了? |
[45:01] | No more date, we’ve got to go to the theater. | 快八点了 得上剧场了 |
[45:03] | I’ll tell, I just tremble for the poor girl. | 我真为这姑娘提着心 |
[45:04] | Oh, chorally, who’s trembling? | 哦, 你干嘛老是提着心? |
[45:06] | Maybe she went to the theater | 也许她直接上剧场去了 |
[45:08] | That’s right! | 说对了 |
[45:09] | She’s probably waiting us there. | 可能她等着我们呢 |
[45:10] | I hope… | 但愿如此 |
[45:15] | Where have you being? | 哦 你上哪儿去了 |
[45:16] | I’ve been worrying to death. | 真把我愁死了 |
[45:18] | I thought you’ll with the boss, she find you a couple of times. | 我以为你们在一起, 可他打来好几个电话 |
[45:20] | Oh, did he? | 哦, 是吗? |
[45:21] | I wonder why… | 我想知道 |
[45:22] | He has to go back to the back. | 兵营非要他回去 |
[45:24] | I went to go shopping. | 我就去买东西了 |
[45:25] | Hei, what’s happened to you? | 嘿, 你怎么回事? |
[45:26] | Who… whose dress of that? | 这, 这衣服是谁的? |
[45:27] | It’s mine. | 我的 |
[45:28] | Yes! | 是你的 |
[45:29] | I spend my last penny. | 我把所有的钱都花了 |
[45:30] | Are you crazy? | 你疯了吗? |
[45:31] | Yes, quite, quite. | 是啊, 我疯了 |
[45:32] | I bought a hat, a lovely hat, and shoes, and bag, and lovely… and… | 我买了顶帽子,真漂亮,还有鞋,手提包,手套 |
[45:38] | My wedding dress. | 我的结婚礼服 |
[45:43] | Oh, Myra… youdon’t mean… | 哦, 玛拉, 你的意思是 |
[45:46] | Yes, I am going to be marry. | 是的, 我要结婚了 |
[45:47] | Oh, darling! | 哦, 亲爱的! |
[45:48] | Come here and give me a hug. | 快过来给我一个拥抱 |
[45:50] | Wonderful… | 哦, 真的 |
[45:52] | When, when? | 是哪天? 哪天? |
[45:53] | Tomorrow morning at St. Matthew’s Church. | 明天早晨 在圣马修教堂 |
[45:55] | Oh, Kitty, I’m so madly happy. | 基蒂 我快乐极了 |
[45:57] | Oh, darling, I can’t believe it! | 哦, 亲爱的, 我简直不能相信 |
[45:59] | Neither can I. | 我也一样 |
[46:01] | Oh… I want to cry. | 哦, 我要哭了 |
[46:04] | I’ve been crying all day. | 我哭了一整天了 |
[46:06] | It’s unbelievable! | 哦, 真是难以相信! |
[46:08] | Anything I could do to hang… | 这种事简直不可能发生 |
[46:09] | It’s so wonderful! | 太好了! |
[46:12] | Oh, what joke on Madam. | 哦,这可跟夫人开了个玩笑 |
[46:14] | Kitty, are you coming? | 基蒂 你快来 |
[46:15] | Yes, all right, wait a second. | 哦, 好, 马上就来 |
[46:17] | You’re coming just…You’re on your cross. | 我们去剧场, 你去吗 |
[46:19] | I wouldn’t have let Madam done for anything. | 当然去,我不能拆夫人的台呀 |
[46:20] | OK. We have to hurry | 那马上来吧 |
[46:21] | Come on. | 来吧, 快走 |
[46:25] | Oh, Girls! | 哦, 姑娘们 |
[46:26] | Girls! | 姑娘们 |
[46:26] | Hei! Lydia… | 嘿! 莉迪娅 |
[46:27] | Girls! | 姑娘们 |
[46:28] | What do you think? | 你们想得到吗? |
[46:30] | Myra’s going to be marry? | 玛拉要结婚了 |
[46:31] | Marry?! | 结婚? |
[46:33] | Myra… | 玛拉 |
[46:34] | May I tell them? | 我告诉她们 |
[46:35] | You don’t mind, do you? | 你不反对吧? |
[46:36] | You seem to done it! | 真的要结婚 |
[46:42] | What’s his name? | 跟谁? |
[46:43] | Roy Cunning. | 罗伊克劳宁 |
[46:43] | Oh, Mrs. Cunning, I declare. | 你是克劳宁夫人了 |
[46:48] | I’m so happy for you… | 我真替你高兴 |
[46:50] | Oh, you’re a darling… | 玛拉, 亲爱的 |
[46:52] | I feel like crying too. | 我都快要哭了 |
[46:54] | But we haven’t got enough time. | 我们时间不多啦 |
[46:56] | Come on, we are late for the theater. | 快走吧, 我们要迟到了 |
[46:57] | Come on, girls. | 走吧 姑娘们 |
[46:59] | Miss Myra, you’re wanted on telephone. | 玛拉 你的电话 |
[47:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[47:06] | Hello! | 喂 |
[47:08] | Yes! | 是啊 |
[47:10] | Oh… no… | 哦… 不… |
[47:13] | When? | 什么时候 |
[47:16] | Oh! That’s terrible! | 哦! 太可怕了 |
[47:17] | Can’t they give you one more day? | 不能让你多留一天吗? |
[47:22] | You have to… | 非得走 |
[47:24] | Of course, I’ll come to. | 哦, 当然, 我马上就来 |
[47:28] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[47:36] | What is it? | 怎么了? |
[47:37] | What happened? | 怎么回事? |
[47:38] | The order has been changed. | 命令改了 |
[47:39] | He’s going to Madrid. | 他今晚就出发 |
[47:41] | The train is leaving within 25 minutes. | 火车二十五分钟后就开 |
[47:42] | Oh… | 哦 |
[47:42] | I am going to see him now. | 我要去送他 |
[47:44] | Going where? | 上哪儿去 |
[47:44] | Waterloo Station. | 滑铁卢车站 |
[47:45] | But you can’t. | 你不能去 |
[47:46] | You won’t be back in time for the show! | 你赶不上回来演出 夫人她 |
[47:48] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[47:49] | Myra, please! | 玛拉, 别去了! |
[47:50] | She’ll never forgive you, never. | 夫人绝不会原谅你的 |
[47:52] | Don’t do it, Myra! | 别去了, 玛拉! |
[47:53] | I may never see him again. | 也许再也见不着他了 |
[48:28] | She’s just going, sir. | 火车要开了 |
[49:07] | Excuseme. | 请原谅 |
[49:10] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[49:20] | Myra! | 玛拉! |
[49:21] | Roy | 罗伊! |
[49:22] | Myra! | 玛拉! |
[49:24] | Roy! | 罗伊! |
[50:14] | Myra… | 玛拉 |
[50:16] | Myra darling… | 玛拉, 亲爱的 |
[50:17] | Did he leave? | 他走了吗 |
[50:19] | Did you talk to him? | 你们谈了吗? |
[50:21] | Did you see him at all? | 到底见到他没有? |
[50:23] | Just called him some. | 就看到他一眼 |
[50:24] | Oh… what a sham! | 哦, 真倒霉! |
[50:27] | I couldn’t get a taxi. | 我坐不到车 |
[50:29] | They took me to a wrong platform. | 他又说错了站台 |
[50:30] | Oh… he’ll be back. | 哦, 他, 他会回来的 |
[50:31] | He’ll be all right. | 他会平安无事的, 玛拉 |
[50:32] | The war can’t last forever | 仗不能老打下去呀 |
[50:33] | Yes, he’ll be back. | 是的,他会回来的 |
[50:44] | Good evening, Myra. | 晚上好 玛拉 |
[50:46] | It’s very condescending for you to come here at all. | 承蒙您不弃, 您还是回来了 |
[50:50] | She’s very unhappy, Madam! | 她很伤心, 夫人! |
[50:52] | Her fiancee was called to the front. | 她未婚夫被调到前线去了 |
[50:54] | I am not interested in talk moment. | 我对军队调动不感兴趣 |
[50:56] | She was to be marry in the morning. | 她本来明天就要结婚了 |
[50:58] | No any social event. | 这我也不感兴趣 |
[50:59] | The whole world doesn’t begin and end with ballet. | 整个世界并不仅仅只有芭蕾啊 |
[51:02] | My world does. | 我的世界是的 |
[51:04] | And while you are with me, so must yours. | 只要你跟我在一起你也一样 |
[51:08] | The prescription does no longer apply to Myra. | 这条规定对玛拉已经不再适用 了 |
[51:11] | Oh, don’t sacrifice her, Madam! | 哦, 别开除她, 夫人 |
[51:13] | I warned you. | 我警告过你 |
[51:15] | You are dismissed. | 你现在被开除了 |
[51:17] | I’ve never heard such unreasonable… | 我认为这不合理 |
[51:19] | Be careful, Kitty… | 小心点, 基蒂 |
[51:20] | No, I won’t be careful… | 不 |
[51:21] | I am fed up with her. | 我受够了 |
[51:23] | I’ve been warning and telling for two years, now I’m going to tell you… | 这两年里我早就想跟也说了, 现在我就要对你说了 |
[51:25] | And if you don’t like it, you can love it. | 要是你不爱听的话, 你是活该 |
[51:27] | I’m sick of you and your irritability. | 我早就烦透你这种专横了 |
[51:29] | You treated us a lot of slaves and chorally discipline. | 你把我们当成是一群奴隶, 还说是什么纪律 |
[51:32] | Here and that. | 哼, 根本不是 |
[51:34] | It’s just you’re enjoying bulling us. | 你只是喜欢虐待我们而已 |
[51:36] | Lydia. | 莉迪娅 |
[51:37] | Yes, madam. | 是, 夫人 |
[51:38] | Rehearsal tomorrow at 11. | 明天十一点钟的排练 |
[51:42] | With “TWO” under studies. | 给我补两个后备演员 |
[51:46] | Good night! | 再见 |
[51:52] | Well, no more ballet to me. | 哦, 和芭蕾分手了 |
[51:55] | I am sick of the highbrow and feet. | 那个母老虎, 我可受够了 |
[51:58] | You and I, ducky | 你我两只丑小鸭 |
[51:59] | Are going to get the interview. | 得去演歌舞了 |
[52:01] | Oh, we got to get to do it some engage to put while on. | 只要找个经理安排进去就行了 |
[52:04] | That will be simple. | 这事很简单 |
[52:06] | Kitty? | 基蒂? |
[52:07] | Yes? | 什么? |
[52:08] | Do you think? | 你真认为? |
[52:09] | Occasionally. | 有时 |
[52:10] | What? | 什么? |
[52:12] | Do you think you’re right? | 你认为他会给我写信? |
[52:27] | Hello. | 你好 |
[52:28] | I am back and I didn’t get the job. | 我回来了, 那个活儿没弄到手 |
[52:31] | Kitty, you stop off me. | 基蒂, 你吓了我一跳 |
[52:32] | Did I? | 我? |
[52:33] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[52:35] | Well, Myra, I am all settled town, how about you? | 我完了, 你怎么样? |
[52:37] | No luck. | 不走运 |
[52:39] | There’s nothing there. | 没来信 |
[52:40] | No reason for looking. | 你不用找了 |
[52:41] | Well, while I doing last week, I didn’t really expect… | 我上星期刚寄走, 我也没想他来信 |
[52:45] | How about the dress shop? | 服装店怎么样? |
[52:47] | Fairly needed. | 要熟练工 |
[52:48] | Fetero? | 茶馆呢? |
[52:49] | Filled. | 满了 |
[52:51] | Naturally. | 当然了 |
[52:52] | They put me onthe waiting. | 他们把我列入候补了 |
[52:54] | It’s confidence, isn’tit? | 那只是安慰, 是吗? |
[52:56] | Oh! Myra, we’re a couple of howling successes, | 哦! 玛拉, 我们俩真是太成功了 |
[53:00] | sitting on the top of world, aren’t we? | 简直是登峰造极 |
[53:03] | You’re in nice mood, aren’t you? | 你的情绪不太好, 对吗? |
[53:04] | No wonder you’re sitting here and started feeling sorry for yourself. | 怪不得一个人坐在暗处伤心呢 |
[53:07] | I don’t feel sorry for myself, who will? | 不, 我不会伤心, 永远不会 |
[53:09] | Probably you didn’t eat and you’re hungry. | 问题是你饿着肚子 |
[53:11] | Come on, give me a hand. | 来, 帮帮我的忙 |
[53:12] | You’ll feel better when you have something to eat. | 吃点东西你就不会这样了 |
[53:17] | Myra… | 玛拉 |
[53:21] | You’re probably sick of sitting here… | 可能你不愿意听这个 |
[53:23] | Honestly, why don’t you let Roy know… | 我们为什么不让罗伊知道呢? |
[53:26] | We’re out of work? | 说我们没工作? |
[53:27] | That we’re broke! | 说我们垮了 |
[53:29] | Flat broke! | 完全垮了 |
[53:29] | Down to our last tin! | 只剩最后一个罐头了 |
[53:32] | Only why? | 他会担心的? |
[53:33] | Better let him worry that we are starving. | 他担心总比我们挨饿好 |
[53:36] | Kitty, we’re not starving. | 哦, 我们没有挨饿 |
[53:37] | Nobody is starving. | 也没人挨饿 |
[53:39] | You mean people starveonly to tell about it. | 那是因为没来得及说饿死了 |
[53:42] | I don’t know what are we going to do. | 我不知道我们该怎么办 |
[53:44] | Can’t get job in the show, can’t get anywhere else. | 我们在剧团找不到工作, 也没别的活可干 |
[53:48] | Madam was down here, Igo to her with pride or no pride. | 夫人要在我就去找她, 顾不得自尊心了 |
[53:52] | But it is just no body. | 可是现在没人可找了 |
[53:55] | Myra, I am frightened! | 玛拉, 我害怕 |
[54:00] | I have never been frightened before. | 我从来没有害怕过 |
[54:03] | I don’t like it. | 我不想这样 |
[54:08] | Oh, Kitty… | 哦 基蒂 |
[54:10] | Perhaps it’s selfish on me not to let Roy know. | 也许我太自私不让罗伊知道 |
[54:13] | Perhaps it’s sort of stupid pride about it… | 我有那种愚蠢的 自尊心 |
[54:16] | Can’t we wait just a little while? | 基蒂, 熬一熬 |
[54:18] | Just alittle while longer, something must till happen. | 就再熬一阵吧, 情况总会变好的 |
[54:21] | If it doesn’t… | 要不是这样, 我就 |
[54:22] | Well… | |
[54:23] | Oh, its bedge, for therent | 哦, 是梅格太太要房租来了 |
[54:25] | Pretending you’re in rehearsal | 我说你去排练了 |
[54:25] | Oh, yes! | 好的 好的 |
[54:33] | Miss Lester? | 莱斯特小姐吗? |
[54:35] | I am Miss Lester. | 我是莱斯特小姐 |
[54:36] | For you, Miss Lester. | 给您的, 小姐 |
[54:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[54:38] | Quite all right, Miss. | 没关系 |
[54:41] | Kitty? | 基蒂? |
[54:42] | Flower! | 花! |
[54:43] | I can’t imagine! | 简直不能想象 |
[54:45] | Put them down here. | 我看看, 把它放这儿 |
[54:51] | Oh, they’re lovely! | 哦, 多可爱! |
[54:52] | Who do you suppose… | 谁送的 |
[54:55] | Kitty, it’s Roy, it’s handwriting. | 基蒂, 是罗伊的笔迹 |
[54:58] | 15,18,20 Fifteen, eighteen, twenty… | |
[55:00] | Twenty… oh… it must cost a pound at least. | 20,哦, 至少花了一英镑 |
[55:04] | Oh, enough to buy a lot of food for whole week. | 这足够我们吃一星期的饭了 |
[55:06] | While my man got leaves, you’ll be seeing these through him. | 有人回家度假, 我托他买了送给你 |
[55:10] | And with them I send you warm… | 借此表示我深切的 |
[55:13] | We could sell them to the florist to the corner buy ourselves real meal. | 我们, 我们可以把它卖给花店 |
[55:17] | But I… don’t think you favor the idea? | 可是我, 我知道你不会赞成的 |
[55:23] | No! | 不赞成 |
[55:25] | Oh! Kitty! | 哦! 基蒂! |
[55:26] | His mother’s coming here. | 他母亲要来了 |
[55:27] | To London? | 来伦敦? |
[55:28] | Yes, yes, Listen… | 是的, 你听 |
[55:30] | My mother’s launching a few days from a Red Cross, | 我母亲向红十字会请了 两天假 |
[55:31] | where is coming to town and expect to see you. | 准备进城特意去看你 |
[55:34] | I know you are to get well with her. | 你们会合得来的 |
[55:35] | She’s very nice. | 她人不错 |
[55:36] | In fact, she’s quite like me. | 她跟我一个脾气 |
[55:39] | Kitty, do I… I can’t have her here! | 哦, 基蒂, 怎么办呢? 不能让她上这儿来 |
[55:41] | Why not? | 为什么呢? |
[55:42] | Let’s give her a little party and rob a lot of tin. | 我们开个小宴会, 打开最后一个罐头 |
[55:44] | Let’s get meeting at somewhere… | 还是在别处见她吧 |
[55:46] | For tea perhaps. | 喝点茶吧 |
[55:47] | Oh! Kitty, but imagine his mother! | 哦! 基蒂, 你想, 是他妈妈呀 |
[55:49] | I’m often not meeting with her either. | 跟他妈妈见面我紧张极了 |
[55:53] | Why are you funny of dragging them? | 爱情弄得你晕头转向了 |
[55:56] | I wonder if she doesn’t like me. | 她会喜欢我吗? |
[55:57] | Well, she’d better. | 哦 应该喜欢 |
[55:58] | Or won’t we fire him at all! | 欢 要不我们就不请她了 |
[56:01] | Myra, can’t be! | 玛拉, 你在发抖 |
[56:02] | Oh, Kitty! | 哦, 基蒂 |
[56:03] | Don’t you see the meeting her will be like seeing Roy again! | 见到她就好像见到罗伊一样 |
[56:07] | Don’t be such a darling to him! | 你一向待我这么亲 |
[56:09] | Now perhaps I can start to repay you. | 也许现在我能报答你了 |
[56:11] | No. | 知道吗 |
[56:13] | I’ll see it from now on everything gonna take turns to turn better. | 我有种感觉 从现在起一切都会好起来了 |
[56:17] | I am sure I do. | 我敢肯定 |
[56:23] | One? | 一个人? |
[56:24] | No, that’ll be enough one minute. | 不 两个人 |
[56:27] | Is there any table near by the window? | 有靠窗的桌子吗? |
[56:28] | I think so. | 有的 |
[56:43] | No, thank you, I’ll wait her… for my friend. | 哦, 不, 谢谢你, 我要等一个朋友 |
[56:45] | She is lady Margate Cunning, I am Miss Lester. | 她是克劳宁夫人, 我是莱斯特小姐 |
[56:48] | If she come, would you direct her to be here? | 她要来了请你带她到这儿来找我 |
[56:50] | Certainly. | 好的 |
[57:15] | What time is it… please? | 请问几点了 |
[57:17] | It’s ten minutes to five, Miss. | 差十分五点 小姐 |
[57:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[57:19] | Your friend seems been held up. | 您的朋友好像耽搁了 |
[57:21] | Yes. | 是的 |
[57:22] | Surely you would like a cup of tea while you’re waiting, Miss. | 您是不是先来杯茶喝着等她 |
[57:24] | Oh, no, thank you, I am sure she’ll behere any minute. | 哦, 不, 谢谢, 她一会儿就要来的 |
[57:27] | Perhaps you can take look at these evening papers. | 你要看晚报吗? |
[57:29] | Oh, thank you. | 哦, 谢谢 |
[58:57] | Feeling better, Miss? | 好点吗? 小姐 |
[58:59] | Here, taking another sip. | 来, 再喝一口 |
[59:05] | You fan, don’t you? | 您晕过去了 |
[59:09] | Well, you did give us a fright? | 您把我们吓坏了 |
[59:11] | Wouldn’t you like to go the rest room lie downa little bit? | 是不是到休息室去躺一会儿 |
[59:13] | But I… I’d rather stay here if you don’t mind. | 不, 我, 我看我还是呆在这儿吧 |
[59:17] | Let’s take another drop of this thing. | 那么您就再喝一口 |
[59:25] | Better? | 好点了? |
[59:26] | Sure? | 是吗? |
[59:28] | I’ll be all right. | 就会好的 |
[59:31] | Sit quiet and rest. | 坐这儿歇歇吧 |
[59:32] | If your friend doesn’tcome, I will call a taxi. | 你朋友要是不来, 我们给你叫辆汽车 |
[1:00:07] | Are you Miss Lester? | 莱斯特小姐? |
[1:00:10] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:00:11] | I am Margaret Cunning, Roy’s mother. | 我是玛格丽特克劳宁 罗伊的母亲 |
[1:00:14] | I’m afraid I get you waiting. | 我让你久等了 |
[1:00:15] | Oh, I’m terribly sorry. | 真是对不起了 |
[1:00:17] | My train was half an hour late. | 火车误了半个钟头 |
[1:00:19] | You know how this tidies day’s? | 这年头你也知道? |
[1:00:20] | But I come straight From Scholand to keep this appointment. | 不过我是特意从苏格兰赶到这儿 来跟你见面的 |
[1:00:23] | So I do hope you forgive me. | 我希望你会原谅我 |
[1:00:26] | What should we have? | 吃点什么呢 |
[1:00:27] | Tea? | 茶? |
[1:00:28] | Little cakes? | 点心 |
[1:00:30] | No… no, thank you. | 不, 不, 谢谢, 不用 了 |
[1:00:31] | I don’t think I can stay any long. | 我一会儿就走 |
[1:00:37] | Tea for one then, and some thin toasts. | 那就来一杯茶, 再来几片面包 |
[1:00:41] | I do hope you’re not going to run off once. | 我想你不会马上就走吧 |
[1:00:43] | I wanted so much to meet you. | 我一直非常想见见你 |
[1:00:45] | But I’ve been so terribly busy you know, | 可我实在是忙, 你知道 |
[1:00:47] | I’ve been turning all country place into a rested home for wounded men | 我正在把一个古老的乡镇 改变成伤兵的疗养所 |
[1:00:50] | By the way, I telephone you from Scotland to the hotel where | 哦, 对了, 我从苏格兰给你打过电话 |
[1:00:54] | Roy told me you are staying. | 打到罗伊说的那个旅馆 |
[1:00:55] | But they said you got away. | 可他们说你已经走了 |
[1:00:56] | And then I try to get in touch with you through the Ballet. | 后来我想跟你们剧团打听你 |
[1:00:59] | But they said you’ve got to America. | 可听说剧团去美国了 |
[1:01:01] | After about a while ago when your news came.I have my mails disforwarded. | 我正要给罗伊打电报, 就收到了你的便条 |
[1:01:06] | There are reasons. | 我把信写给他是有原因的 |
[1:01:08] | Oh, my dear, I didn’t mean to pride. | 哦, 亲爱的, 这个你不用解释了 |
[1:01:13] | Forgive me, mydear… | 请原谅, 亲爱的 |
[1:01:13] | But you’re not afraid of me, are you? | 你不是怕我吧 |
[1:01:16] | I know it is a little bit of odd, dear, meeting one’s future children in law. | 我知道跟自己未来的婆婆见面, 是有点战战兢兢的 |
[1:01:19] | I don’t remember how I drag it… | 我记得我也怕过 |
[1:01:21] | But I am not that terrified, am I? . | 可是我并不可怕? |
[1:01:24] | I know we’re going to be good friends? | 我相信我们会相处得很好 |
[1:01:27] | I feel that I know you already through Roy’s letter. | 从罗伊的信里我感到我已经了解你了 |
[1:01:30] | And I want to write him and tell him | 我要写信告诉他, 我们已经见过面了 |
[1:01:32] | you and I have met and we like each other very much. | 而且我们彼此都有好感 |
[1:01:35] | May I write him that? | 我可以这样写吗? |
[1:01:36] | Yes, yes, of course! | 是的, 是的, 当然 |
[1:01:41] | I suppose there’re a lot of things you want to know | 我想你一定想了解 |
[1:01:43] | about Roy that I could tell you… | 有关罗伊的一些事 |
[1:01:45] | And I am sure that things about him you could tell me. | 我也肯定你会告诉我很多有关他的事 |
[1:01:47] | Why aren’t they bring your tea? | 怎么还不给您送茶? |
[1:01:48] | They are very slow. | 真是太慢了 |
[1:01:49] | Should I call a waitress? | 要我去催催吗? |
[1:01:51] | Don’t bother, I’m no hurry. | 不麻烦了, 我并不着急 |
[1:01:54] | Would you rather that I didn’t speak to you about Roy? | 你是不是不愿意我向你提到罗伊? |
[1:01:57] | No, no… | 不,不… |
[1:01:59] | Why should you think that? | 你这是想到哪儿去了? |
[1:02:01] | What is that to say? | 我只是没什么话可说 |
[1:02:06] | Forgive me, my dear, but are you quite well? | 请原谅, 亲爱的, 你没有不舒服吧? |
[1:02:09] | Yes, yes, of course. | 哦,是的 |
[1:02:10] | I… I had a drink… | 我刚喝了点 |
[1:02:11] | That’s all. | 喝了点 |
[1:02:12] | That made me feel… funny. | 我 我觉得有点 |
[1:02:14] | Weird! | 有点晕! |
[1:02:17] | What did I cangot Scotland? | 苏格兰怎么样? |
[1:02:18] | I had never been there. | 我从来没去过那儿 |
[1:02:20] | Oh, it sounds of quange, you know that? Had that in peace? | 居然还有这么一个安宁的地方? |
[1:02:25] | Pecans of island? | 爱尔兰也很安宁 |
[1:02:26] | I’ve been there neither. | 我也没去过那儿 |
[1:02:31] | Why are you stared at me like that? | 你为什么这么看着我 |
[1:02:35] | I am trying to see you as Roy sees you. | 我尽力用罗伊的眼光看待你 |
[1:02:38] | Myra, I want you to remember that I try to be your friend. | 玛拉, 我要你别忘了我是努力想做你的朋友的 |
[1:02:42] | I have come because Roy wanted me to come, and because I wish to. | 我来这儿是因为罗伊要我来, 而且我也愿意来 |
[1:02:48] | Perhaps we’ll try again someday. | 或者我们改日再见吧 |
[1:02:51] | Perhaps on Roy’s next leave he’ll bring you to the country. | 也许等罗伊下次休假, 他会带你来庄园的 |
[1:02:57] | Bye-bye! | 再见 玛拉 |
[1:03:06] | The lady is leaving, Miss. | 那位夫人走了 |
[1:04:07] | Myra! | 玛拉! |
[1:04:13] | Myra! | 玛拉! |
[1:04:25] | Who is it? | 谁呀? |
[1:04:26] | Does Miss Myra Lester gone out? Mrs. Clack? | 莱斯特小姐出去了吗? 克拉克太太? |
[1:04:28] | What? What isit? | 什么? 什么事? |
[1:04:30] | Where is Miss Lester? | 莱斯特小姐上哪儿去了? |
[1:04:31] | How should I know? She went out. | 我怎么知道? 她出去了 |
[1:04:32] | When? | 什么时候? |
[1:04:33] | About an hour ago. | 一个小时前 |
[1:04:34] | You should’ve never let her. | 你不该让她走 |
[1:04:35] | You know she’s not well enough to go out. Not like this too. | 她身体不好不能出去. 再说又是这么坏的天气 |
[1:04:38] | This is not nursing house, Miss Melody, not your nursing home. | 这种事我管不着, 我管不着 |
[1:04:49] | Myra, where have you been? | 玛拉 你上哪儿去了? |
[1:04:50] | Whatever made you go out at night like this! | 你有什么事情这种天气还出去! |
[1:04:53] | You will got the cold in rain too. | 你出去还淋了一身雨 |
[1:04:55] | Now you come on and stay in bed. | 赶快上楼去躺一会儿 |
[1:04:58] | I spend several months trying to build you up | 几个月啦, 我辛辛苦苦的让你养好身体 |
[1:04:59] | You’re going to do silly thing like this. | 可你干这种傻事 |
[1:05:02] | I can’t trust you out of my sight. | 我真是管不住你了 |
[1:05:08] | Now you get those things off. | 你快去把衣服脱了吧 |
[1:05:10] | Double quick time too. | 快点, 你快点 |
[1:05:12] | I’ll pick you up hot water bottle. | 我给你冲热水袋 |
[1:05:16] | Kitty… | 基蒂 |
[1:05:17] | Yes… | 哦 |
[1:05:19] | How did the show goes tonight? | 今晚的演出怎么样? |
[1:05:20] | Oh, same as usual. | 哦, 跟平常一样 |
[1:05:23] | Was it good house? | 卖座好吗? |
[1:05:25] | So so. | 还可以 |
[1:05:28] | Why? | 怎么? |
[1:05:30] | I went to the theater. | 我到剧场去了 |
[1:05:32] | I thought I surprise you by calling for you. | 我想冷不防叫你高兴一下 |
[1:05:35] | Oh, yeah! | 哦, 是! |
[1:05:37] | See, Myra, I didn’t want to worry you. | 我是不想让你操心 |
[1:05:40] | See, I am in the different order of the show than what I’ve said… | 现在我不再跳你说过的那种舞了 |
[1:05:42] | I was in a cheap sort of show, so… | 我在跳一种比较低级的舞 |
[1:05:45] | Kitty, we’ve never got a job at all, we never did have one. | 基蒂, 你没有工作, 一直没有工作 |
[1:05:51] | How we’ve been living? | 我们怎么过的? |
[1:05:52] | What differences make as long as we live! | 只要活着, 管它怎么过呢? |
[1:05:55] | Where’s the money coming from? | 钱哪儿弄来的? 哪儿弄来的? |
[1:06:00] | Where do you think I’ve been getting it? | 你以为从哪儿弄来的? |
[1:06:09] | Try to keep it from you… | 我本来想瞒着你 |
[1:06:12] | Well, you know now. | 可现在你知道了 |
[1:06:21] | You did it for me. | 你是为了我 |
[1:06:23] | No, I didn’t. | 不, 不是 |
[1:06:25] | I’d done it anyhow. | 我反正得这么做 |
[1:06:26] | So I get! | 就这样! |
[1:06:28] | No job? | 没有工作? |
[1:06:29] | No boys want to marry you. | 没有人想和你结婚 |
[1:06:33] | Only man want to kill off your eye cause they know maybe you are lost. | 只有些寻欢作乐的人, 他们怕活着的日子不多了 |
[1:06:38] | Kitty, you do it for me to buy me food and medicine. | 基蒂, 你是为了我买吃的, 买药 |
[1:06:42] | I sooner die. | 我真宁愿死了 |
[1:06:45] | No, no, you wouldn’t. | 不, 不, 你不会的 |
[1:06:47] | You think you would, but you wouldn’t. | 你想死, 可你不会死 |
[1:06:50] | I thought of that. | 我也那么想过 |
[1:06:53] | But it wasn’t brave enough. | 可是我没那个勇气 |
[1:06:55] | I wanted to go on living. | 我想活下去 |
[1:06:56] | Heaven knows why, but I didn’t, so would you. | 反正我活下来了, 你也会活下去的 |
[1:07:00] | We’re young, and it’s… | 我们还年轻 |
[1:07:01] | It’s good to live! | 活着有多好啊 |
[1:07:03] | Even the life that I’m living now… | 哪怕过这种日子 |
[1:07:05] | God knows | 哦, 是啊 |
[1:07:09] | I’d better call it the easiest way. | 我也不是说活着容易 |
[1:07:17] | I know one thing… couldn’t being a woman. | 我算是懂了, 不能做个女人 |
[1:07:26] | I suppose you think… | 也许你会觉得我 |
[1:07:28] | I am bitch. | 我下贱 |
[1:07:30] | Oh, Kitty! | 哦, 基蒂! |
[1:08:06] | Hello! | 小姐! |
[1:08:12] | There’s a wet weather we have this evening, didn’t we? | 今儿晚上天气不怎么样, 是吧? |
[1:08:17] | Cleared up nicely, after all! | 现在雾散了, 天好了 |
[1:08:27] | How about a little straw? | 去散散步, 好吗? |
[1:09:16] | How’s luck? | 运气好吗? |
[1:09:18] | No such thing. | 不怎么样 |
[1:09:19] | How’s Kitty? | 基蒂呢? |
[1:09:20] | Oh, about the same as me. | 和我差不多 |
[1:09:22] | Oh, now I think there seems no love from no luck. | 啊, 这年头谁也不会有什么好运气 |
[1:09:26] | Oh, well better day to come in the sunset | 是啊, 好日子快来了 |
[1:09:29] | I hope so. | 但愿如此 |
[1:09:30] | Tour-to-Ioo! | 再见! |
[1:09:31] | Bye-bye! | 再见 |
[1:09:45] | Hello, Myra! | 你好, 玛拉! |
[1:09:46] | How was life? | 运气好吗? |
[1:09:48] | Not exactly prepared to retire yet. | 我还没有打算退休呢 |
[1:09:50] | Well, here they come. | 瞧, 他们回来了 |
[1:09:54] | See you. | 再见 |
[1:09:55] | See you. | 再见 |
[1:10:28] | Welcome home! | 欢迎回国 |
[1:10:29] | Thanks, ducky! | 谢谢, 宝贝儿 |
[1:11:04] | Myra! | 玛拉! |
[1:11:06] | Myra! | 玛拉! |
[1:11:08] | Myra! | 玛拉! |
[1:11:11] | Myra! | 玛拉! |
[1:11:12] | I can’t believe it. | 玛拉, 我简直不能相信 |
[1:11:14] | It’s you, isn’t it. | 真的是你 |
[1:11:16] | It’s really you. | 玛拉, 真是你 |
[1:11:17] | Oh, Roy… | 哦, 罗伊 |
[1:11:19] | It’s really you. | 真的是你 |
[1:11:21] | Oh, darling! Let me look at you. | 玛拉, 亲爱的! 让我看看你 |
[1:11:23] | I’m not dreaming, am I? | 我没做梦吧? |
[1:11:25] | Think of you are waiting for me. | 刚想去找你, 你在这儿了 |
[1:11:26] | I… | 我 |
[1:11:27] | It’s… it’s a miracle. | 哦, 真是奇迹 |
[1:11:28] | Oh, Roy… you’re alive. | 哦, 罗伊… 你活着 |
[1:11:32] | Oh, at the once I’ve waited for this moment, 1241 because I think it will never come. | 几个月来, 我一直盼着这一天,我以为看不到你了 |
[1:11:38] | How do you know I am come, | 你怎么知道我回来 |
[1:11:39] | do you telephone my mother? | 和我妈妈谈过了? |
[1:11:41] | Oh… darling! | 哦, 亲爱的, 别伤心了 |
[1:11:43] | Do you have… | 你 |
[1:11:44] | How do you know? | 你怎样知道的? |
[1:11:47] | It’s over, darling, it’s all over. | 过去了, 都过去了 |
[1:11:49] | We’ll get together for always. | 我们永远在一起了 |
[1:11:50] | Oh, roy, you’re alive. | 哦, 罗伊, 你活着 |
[1:11:53] | Yes, drive againstly. | 是的, 活得挺好 |
[1:11:55] | Mm… poor darling. | 哦, 小可怜 |
[1:12:00] | Come on, we’ll go sit down. | 来吧 去那儿坐坐 |
[1:12:02] | Ho… darling, don’t cry… | 哦, 亲爱的, 别哭了 |
[1:12:05] | It’s happy ending. | 结局很美满 |
[1:12:06] | You miss me? | 你想我吗? |
[1:12:10] | Do you think I was… | 你以为我? |
[1:12:12] | Didn’t you know I was indestructible? | 你知道我是摧不垮的 |
[1:12:14] | How can I die when we were engaged? | 我们订了婚, 我怎么能死呢? |
[1:12:16] | Do you think I will break our engagement? | 怎么能破坏婚约 |
[1:12:17] | Ho… you don’tknow me, young woman. | 哦, 不, 我不是这种人 |
[1:12:19] | Well, I was wounded… | 哦, 我受过伤 |
[1:12:21] | Somehow lost my identification… | 把什么都丢了 |
[1:12:23] | It’s get a long story, I’ll tell you someday. | 说起来话长,改天再告诉你吧 |
[1:12:25] | But anyhow, I was in Germany prison camp, pretty nervously signed off, | 在德国的俘虏营呆了大半年,我头部受伤, 几乎动不了啦 |
[1:12:27] | but… I got out at last from Switzerland. | 可我终于出来到了瑞士 |
[1:12:29] | Mother came over of course. | 妈妈也到瑞士来照顾我 |
[1:12:30] | My intern knows mine. | 实习医师了解我的 |
[1:12:32] | And I heard that… she lost touch with you. | 你和她失去联系了 |
[1:12:35] | I was lost my mind. | 我都快疯了 |
[1:12:37] | What happened… | 怎么回事啊? |
[1:12:37] | Did she find you? | 她没找到你? |
[1:12:38] | Did you get contact with her? | 你和妈妈联系过吗? |
[1:12:40] | No. | 没有 |
[1:12:41] | Then, you didn’t know I was coming. | 你不知道我回来 |
[1:12:44] | No. | 不 |
[1:12:46] | Well, you stood in the station while looking for a friend? | 那你来车站干什么? 在等个朋友? |
[1:12:51] | Well, I am the friend you are looking for. | 啊, 那个朋友就是我了 |
[1:12:55] | Who was he? | 他是谁? |
[1:12:55] | I insist upon knowing. | 你非得告诉我他是谁 |
[1:12:56] | Who was he? | 他是谁? |
[1:12:58] | Oh, just a girl, no one in particular. | 是一个姑娘, 不是特意等谁 |
[1:13:01] | Ho… just a little short of American… | 你不是特意等谁 |
[1:13:02] | I should run madly into your life | 而我一下子碰上你 |
[1:13:04] | in this case your wedding for no one particular. | 真是奇迹 |
[1:13:07] | Ah… here we are! | 啊… 来了 |
[1:13:08] | Good strong tea. | 你瞧这茶好浓啊 |
[1:13:09] | This will buck you up | 非常提神 |
[1:13:11] | Come on, drink this. | 来, 喝点 |
[1:13:14] | I want to talk to you. | 我想和你谈谈 |
[1:13:15] | A thousand of questions. | 有好多话要问你 |
[1:13:17] | Where have you been up to? | 靠什么生活 |
[1:13:18] | You got a job. | 有工作吗 |
[1:13:19] | Where is it? | 在哪儿? |
[1:13:20] | What does it pay? | 多少薪水? |
[1:13:21] | Mm… doesn’t really matter, because you’re quitting it. | 说实在的 多点少点没关系, 你就要不干了 |
[1:13:23] | You’re quitting it at instant. | 你马上就要不干了 |
[1:13:24] | I’m not going let you out of my sight this time. | 这次我决不让你消失在我的视线 |
[1:13:26] | Not when we are marry, you understand that? | 就要和我结婚了, 你懂吗? |
[1:13:32] | Oh, darling, you have been through a lot, haven’t you? | 哦, 你当然受了很多苦 |
[1:13:38] | Pretty tough, Mm? | 生活很艰难,啊? |
[1:13:41] | And I wasn’t there to help you. | 我又不在你身边 |
[1:13:51] | But that’s all over now. | 不过 一切都过去了 |
[1:13:54] | I’m going to make up for you. | 我要弥补过去 |
[1:13:55] | I’m going to make things easy for you. | 我要让你过得舒服 |
[1:13:57] | I never want to see you cry again except for happiness. | 我不愿意看见你流泪, 除了为了幸福 |
[1:14:02] | I’ve really had known that you would alive that you would in the world. | 要是我知道你还活着, 你还活在人间 |
[1:14:07] | I’ll never leave you again, darling. | 我不离开你了, 亲爱的 |
[1:14:08] | Never! | 永远不! |
[1:14:11] | And now, Miss Lester… | 好, 莱斯特小姐 |
[1:14:12] | I have a program. | 我有个设想 |
[1:14:13] | A man with a program, a man of action. | 我是个有设想有行动的人 |
[1:14:14] | I am calling my mother that I found you in record of time, | 我打电话告诉妈妈, 我找到了你 |
[1:14:17] | And we’re coming up in evening train. | 坐晚车回来 |
[1:14:18] | Excuseme, Myra. | 抱歉,玛拉 |
[1:14:19] | I’ll find a phone. | 我去打电话 |
[1:14:19] | Don’t you move until I come back to you. | 你等一会儿, 别走开, 我就回来 |
[1:15:15] | The fact is lady Margaret we’ll be up there at night at six… | 玛格丽特夫人 我们九点零七分到 |
[1:15:17] | Hold on, Roy, I must speak to you… | 罗伊,有件事我一定要跟你说 |
[1:15:18] | Something I must speak… | 有件事我一定要跟你说 |
[1:15:18] | Will you? | 真的? |
[1:15:20] | That’ll be marvelous! | 这太好了! |
[1:15:21] | Thanks, Mother, good bye. | 谢谢, 妈妈, 再见 |
[1:15:25] | That’s all set. | 啊 就这样 |
[1:15:25] | Roy, you mustn’t! | 罗伊 你得听我说 |
[1:15:29] | What is it? | 什么事? |
[1:15:31] | I can’t go to the country with you. | 我不能跟你到乡下去 |
[1:15:32] | It’s… quite out of the question. | 这根本不可能 |
[1:15:35] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[1:15:36] | Please don’t ask me, but I… I simply can’t. | 请你别问我 我就是不能去 |
[1:15:38] | Don’t ask, God! You’vegot to tell me. | 我非得问你, 你非得告诉我 |
[1:15:43] | All right. | 哦 |
[1:15:44] | I look terrible for one thing. | 我 我太不像样子了 |
[1:15:46] | I haven’t have any clothes. | 我 我连衣服也没有 |
[1:15:47] | I… I really can’t go anywhere. | 我真的哪儿也不想去 |
[1:15:48] | Ha… ha, you little fool. | 哈… 哈,小傻瓜 |
[1:15:50] | Let me tell you one thing, I think you’re exaggerating. | 让我看看 你说得过分了 |
[1:15:55] | Now when I look at you, I perhaps understand what are your say? | 唔 我看也许你说得有点道理 |
[1:15:58] | Well, Madame Cunning to be, we’ll see what we can do? | 未来的克劳宁太太, 怎么样? |
[1:16:00] | How would like to be the smartest woman in London? | 你愿意做伦敦最时髦的女人吗? |
[1:16:03] | No, Roy, I can’t. | 不, 我不能 |
[1:16:16] | Well, darling… | 玛拉, 亲爱的 |
[1:16:20] | I am afraid I have been stupid, conceived stupid. | 恐怕是我太愚蠢了, 又自负又愚蠢 |
[1:16:24] | Cause you’ve never been out of my thought, so I… | 因为你一直在我心里 |
[1:16:26] | I took it for granted that it was the same with you. | 哦 我还以为你也跟我一样 |
[1:16:31] | There’s someone else, isn’t it, Myra? | 你是不是有人了,玛拉? |
[1:16:34] | After all, you thought I’m… dead! | 当然 你以为我死了 |
[1:16:38] | There is someone else, isn’t it? | 你已经有人了? |
[1:16:39] | Don’t be afraid to tell me. | 别怕, 告诉我 |
[1:16:41] | Roy, of course there isn’t anyone else. | 哦, 罗伊, 当然我没有别人 |
[1:16:44] | There couldn’tbe. | 也不可能有 |
[1:16:46] | I love you | 我爱你 |
[1:16:48] | I never love anyone else. | 别人我谁也没爱过 |
[1:16:51] | I never shall. | 今后也不会 |
[1:16:53] | That’s the truth, Roy. | 这是真话, 罗伊 |
[1:16:58] | That’s all I want to know. | 我就想知道这个 |
[1:17:02] | Oh, darling, smile for a change. | 那好, 亲爱的, 你笑笑 |
[1:17:06] | Have you forgotten how? | 不会笑了吗? |
[1:17:09] | That’s a good girl. | 真是个好姑娘 |
[1:17:12] | I can’t believe I’m with you again. | 我简直不能相信还能见到你 |
[1:17:14] | But you are. | 可你见到了 |
[1:17:15] | Happy? | 高兴吗? |
[1:17:17] | Yes! | 高兴! |
[1:17:18] | Firstly, I am delirious! | 我呢, 高兴得发狂了 |
[1:17:22] | Come on, we’re going to shop. | 走 买东西去 |
[1:17:28] | Myra! | 玛拉! |
[1:17:32] | What’s all these? | 这是怎么回事? |
[1:17:33] | Have you taken to shop lately? | 你从店里偷来的? |
[1:17:35] | Oh, Kitty darling! | 哦, 基蒂, 亲爱的 |
[1:17:35] | Roy’s alive, he’s back, he’s here! | 罗伊他活着回来了 |
[1:17:39] | Roy? | 罗伊? |
[1:17:40] | Mm! | 嗯! |
[1:17:43] | No! | 不 |
[1:17:43] | Yes! | 是的! |
[1:17:44] | He’s back, we’ve been together whole afternoon. | 他回来了, 今天一下午我们都在一起 |
[1:17:46] | He’ll be here any minute. | 他随时都会来这儿的 |
[1:17:47] | Kitty, he wants to marry me. | 基蒂,他想跟我结婚 |
[1:17:53] | Oh, no, that things don’t happen. | 哦, 不, 这种事是不可能的 |
[1:17:56] | It’s true | 是真的 |
[1:17:57] | Oh, Kitty, it’s going to be so wonderful. | 哦, 这可太好了 |
[1:17:59] | For you too. | 对你也好 |
[1:17:59] | No things will be too good for you when I am Roy’s wife. | 我做罗伊的妻子, 对你再好不过了 |
[1:18:05] | Oh, I know what you’re thinking. | 我知道你想什么 |
[1:18:08] | I have been thinking too. | 我也在想这个 |
[1:18:11] | You think that’ll be dreadful owl, don’t you? | 你认为我这样太可怕了, 是吗? |
[1:18:13] | Does he know? | 他知道吗? |
[1:18:15] | No. | 不! |
[1:18:16] | Do you think you can get away with it? | 你以为这样可以混过去? |
[1:18:19] | You mean deserving him? | 你是说骗他 |
[1:18:20] | Yes. | 对 |
[1:18:22] | Oh, I’m going to tell him. | 我打算告诉他 |
[1:18:25] | There are two sorts of people, Myra. | 人可以分为两大类, 玛拉 |
[1:18:28] | Those who get breaks and those who don’t! | 一种人生来走运, 一种人生来倒霉 |
[1:18:30] | Well, I’m going to take a break. | 现在我要走运了 |
[1:18:31] | Now I am not going to think. | 我不想倒霉下去 |
[1:18:33] | You remember you once said that you wanted to live? | 你不是说过你想活下去吗? |
[1:18:36] | Well, I want to live. | 我也想活下去 |
[1:18:37] | This is my chance for last. | 这是我活下去的机会 |
[1:18:38] | I won’t let him go. | 我要跟他走 |
[1:18:41] | He’s so kind, Kitty, so sweet, clean, and wonderful. | 他那么善良, 基蒂, 那么可爱, 纯洁, 那么好 |
[1:18:46] | I’ll devote myself to him. | 我会一生忠于他的 |
[1:18:49] | After all, his happiness too, Kitty. | 再说这也是他的幸福, 基蒂 |
[1:18:51] | He… he loves me, he’s waited for me. | 他爱我, 他一直在等我 |
[1:18:55] | And my soul… I’ve waited for him. | 就我的灵魂来说, 我也在等他 |
[1:19:00] | Tell me, I cango to him, please. | 我能回到他身边吗? 说呀, 基蒂 |
[1:19:15] | Guess there’s no rules, Myra. | 那就没什么一定之规了 |
[1:19:17] | For what you feel, what he feels. | 要是你觉得好, 他也觉得好 |
[1:19:21] | Kitty! | 基蒂 |
[1:19:23] | After all, he’s mad enough about you. | 当然, 如果他是真的爱你 |
[1:19:26] | May make up for everything. | 那就总算熬出来了 |
[1:19:27] | Must! Must! | 是这样! 是这样! |
[1:19:30] | Oh, try it. | 那就试试 |
[1:19:32] | Go to him! | 跟他走 |
[1:19:35] | Oh, Kitty. | 哦, 基蒂 |
[1:19:54] | The ancestor’sstraw aches, Myra. | 周围有几英亩, 玛拉 |
[1:19:56] | Shall I point out the things we are proud of no matter how boring. | 我各处都领你看看, 不嫌烦吧 |
[1:19:59] | Oh, it’s beautiful, simply beautiful. | 真漂亮, 真是漂亮极了 |
[1:20:02] | Mother will take you all over these. | 妈妈全会领你看的 |
[1:20:03] | You must turn right to show you a thing. | 可你别说我带你看了 |
[1:20:05] | Seeing all of these first time on earth. | 要像第一次看到那样 |
[1:20:06] | Being enthusiastic too. | 也得这么热情 |
[1:20:07] | That one will be difficult. | 这还不容易 |
[1:20:20] | It must be wonderful to spend one’s childhood in a place like this. | 在这么个地方度过童年时代, 真是太好了 |
[1:20:23] | Yeah, it’s great when you’re young. | 是啊 那可得年轻 |
[1:20:26] | When you’re really young. | 的的确确的年轻 |
[1:20:28] | Oh! Roy. | 哦! 罗伊 |
[1:20:29] | Do youthink yourselfis old? | 你以为自己老了吗? |
[1:20:32] | No one’s spend this war is young. | 经过这场战争谁还会年轻呢 |
[1:20:35] | Now that’s true. | 是这样的 我知道 |
[1:20:37] | You remember long for those line | 记得朗 费罗的诗句吗 |
[1:20:38] | their thoughts of you are long long box. | 童年的回忆是无边无际的 |
[1:20:44] | Myra! | 玛拉! |
[1:20:45] | Yes, Roy. | 什么? 罗伊 |
[1:20:47] | We are overly good to get together, don’t you think? | 我们在一起真好啊, 你说呢? |
[1:20:51] | Rips, I mean that was a question requires an answer “YES” or “NO”. | 请回答呀? 我是说这是一个问题, 需要回答, 好或者不好? |
[1:20:58] | Yes. | 好 |
[1:20:59] | Your answer is correct. | 你的回答很正确 |
[1:21:16] | Hello, how are you, darling? | 我的家, 亲爱的 |
[1:21:25] | Mother! | 妈妈! |
[1:21:31] | Myra, I am so glad to see you again, my dear. | 玛拉, 我太高兴了, 又见你了, 亲爱的 |
[1:21:34] | Isn’t it wonderful Roy finding you so quickly. | 这有多好啊, 罗伊这么快就找到你了 |
[1:21:37] | I really believe that providence. | 我真相信这是天意 |
[1:21:38] | I am sure of that, mother. | 我看是天意 |
[1:21:39] | You’re very kind, lady Margaret. | 谢谢 玛格丽特夫人 |
[1:21:41] | Roy, I do hope you haven’t show Myra anything. | 罗伊, 我希望你没带玛拉去转过 |
[1:21:44] | I want to show her around myself. | 我要亲自带她四处去看看 |
[1:21:46] | I didn’t show her a thing. | 我哪儿都没领她去过 |
[1:21:48] | Good! | 很好! |
[1:21:49] | Come! | 来吧! |
[1:21:50] | Oh, I am so happy, I am… | 我真是太高兴了 |
[1:21:53] | Hello! Barns! | 你好 巴恩斯 |
[1:21:54] | Oh! Mr. Roy, do excuseme. | 哦! 罗伊先生, 请你原谅 |
[1:21:56] | I’ve been waiting all afternoon, but the dog come, and then I missed it. | 我一个下午都在等候您的马车, 还是错过了 |
[1:22:00] | Just at the exclusive moment, he may seed. | 你也许会说正是关键时刻 |
[1:22:02] | Well, as a matter of fact, Barns… | 哦, 巴恩斯 |
[1:22:03] | I missmy welcoming committee for their present of Miss Lester. | 可是我错过了欢迎委员会, 我想使她加深印象 |
[1:22:06] | However, this is my future wife, Barns. | 这是我的未婚妻莱斯特小姐 |
[1:22:08] | Myra, this is Barns. | 玛拉, 这是巴恩斯 |
[1:22:09] | How do you do! | 你好! |
[1:22:10] | How do you do! | 你好! 小姐 |
[1:22:11] | Drop me up from baby. | 他把我从小带大的 |
[1:22:13] | Show you all about the details if you let him. | 你要想听, 他会详细跟你说的 |
[1:22:15] | Oh, I love to hear wiser. | 哦 我很愿意听 |
[1:22:16] | Well, he gives awful a lot of troubles, Miss Lester. | 哦 他给我们添了不少麻烦 莱斯特小姐 |
[1:22:19] | He wasn’t when you called a good child, but he couldn’t resistant. | 他可不算是个乖孩子, 不过谁都喜欢他 |
[1:22:23] | One day, he jump off from a tree tall… | 有一次他从树顶上往下跳 |
[1:22:25] | I told her about that, Barns, you pickup something new. | 那个我跟她说过了, 巴恩斯, 你来点新的吧 |
[1:22:28] | Yes. | 是 |
[1:22:29] | Come, mother, what about showing Myra to her room? | 妈妈, 领玛拉看看她的卧室吧 |
[1:22:31] | Oh! Roy, I forgot. | 哦! 罗伊, 我给忘了 |
[1:22:33] | I’m afraid we’re going to be invaded! | 恐怕我们就要遭到侵犯了 |
[1:22:35] | Invaded? | 侵犯? |
[1:22:36] | The neighbor I did my best to spare you with whole countryside | 那些邻居, 我想尽办法给你免了 |
[1:22:40] | is coming tonight to see you and your bride. | 可是邻居们今天晚上, 都要来看你跟你的新娘 |
[1:22:42] | Ho… ho… poorMyra! | 可怜的玛拉 |
[1:22:43] | Going to see some wonderful time! | 你要看到一些奇特的人物了 |
[1:23:07] | They do look well, don’t they? | 他们俩真相配, 是吗? |
[1:23:09] | She’s a lovely girl. | 是的, 可爱的姑娘 |
[1:23:11] | Perfectly lovely! | 可爱极了! |
[1:23:12] | I suppose there’s so least young people | 我看这两位年轻人 |
[1:23:14] | will be pairing professionally busy. | 很快会找我 为他们举行婚礼的 |
[1:23:17] | Tomorrow morning I expect Roy’s madly in love. | 大概明天上午吧, 罗伊爱得都疯了 |
[1:23:21] | Jealous? | 忌妒吗? |
[1:23:22] | A little. | 有点 |
[1:23:23] | But you like her, don’t you? | 可你喜欢她 |
[1:23:25] | Very much! | 非常喜欢 |
[1:23:27] | More every minutes. | 越看我越喜欢 |
[1:23:42] | She dances beautifully, doesn’t she? | 她跳得真漂亮, 是不是? |
[1:23:44] | Well, that’s here job! | 她本行嘛 ! |
[1:23:46] | Those Crunningman, they’re always attractive by girls who undressed in public. | 克劳宁家的男人全被那些当众脱衣的女人给迷住了 |
[1:23:51] | Why don’t you try that, Lela. | 你怎么不试试, 薇拉 |
[1:23:52] | Ho, I haven’t done that. | 哈, 我没那勇气 |
[1:23:55] | I am not quite sure I got the figure. | 说不定还没那身段 |
[1:24:07] | All I can see is that there are plenty of charming girls, | 我跟你说, 有不少名门望族的漂亮姑娘眼睛 |
[1:24:10] | of good family in the county who would jump off to Roy. | 都盯着罗伊 |
[1:24:13] | And I don’t mean money speak victory. | 我并不是说我的侄女维多利亚 |
[1:24:15] | I wonder if she can arrange. | 他能笼得住吗 |
[1:24:17] | Never heard of her. | 谁见过他们俩 |
[1:24:19] | Is there any one ever seen her dance? | 有谁见过她跳舞呢 |
[1:24:21] | Well, evidently, Roy seen her, and evidently like it. | 显然罗伊见过, 恐怕他喜欢这样 |
[1:24:25] | You know, just the Duke isn’t here. | 你注意了, 公爵不在场 |
[1:24:27] | Evidently, the Duke doesn’t like it. | 看来公爵不喜欢她 |
[1:24:59] | Happy? | 幸福吗? |
[1:25:00] | Yes! | 是的! |
[1:25:01] | Completely? | 幸福极了? |
[1:25:02] | Yes! | 是的! |
[1:25:03] | Ecstatically? | 陶醉了? |
[1:25:03] | Yes! | 是的! |
[1:25:05] | No doubts? | 不怀疑了? |
[1:25:05] | No. | 不! |
[1:25:06] | No reservation? | 不犹豫了? |
[1:25:07] | No. | 不! |
[1:25:08] | No dividism. | 不嫌弃了? |
[1:25:10] | No. | 不! |
[1:25:13] | Darling, every once I seen your eyes, I see fearness. | 亲爱的, 那为什么你眼睛里含着恐惧呢? |
[1:25:17] | Why? | 为什么? |
[1:25:20] | Oh, life’s been hard for you, I know that. | 哦, 你日子过得很艰难, 这我知道 |
[1:25:22] | You did struggle, and privation… and… | 你不得不在困苦中挣扎 |
[1:25:25] | That’s all over now. | 可这一切都过去了 |
[1:25:27] | You are save now. | 你安全了 |
[1:25:29] | Don’t be afraid. | 不用害怕了 |
[1:25:31] | You need me ever again | 你不用再害怕了 |
[1:25:34] | I love you. | 我爱你! |
[1:25:36] | Oh, Roy, you’re so good, you’re so… | 罗伊! 你真好, 你真 |
[1:25:43] | Oh, darling, it’s unreal, isn’t it? | 哦 亲爱的, 这 这一切是真的吧? |
[1:25:46] | Yes! | 是真的! |
[1:25:48] | Shall we wake up suddenly, find it untrue? | 会不会突然醒过来, 原来是场梦 |
[1:25:51] | Roy, don’t be defeated. | 罗伊, 别说泄气话 |
[1:25:55] | Other like running the gong there, dancing there… | 啊, 在里面跳舞简直就像活受罪 |
[1:25:58] | I hope you’re in great success, darling. | 哦 你刚才很出风头 |
[1:26:00] | Everyone’s enchanted with you. | 都被你迷住了 |
[1:26:02] | But they haven’t met me yet. | 他们还没见过呢 |
[1:26:04] | You’re warm? | 热吗? |
[1:26:05] | Yes, very. | 对, 很热 |
[1:26:06] | You like a cooling drink? | 要喝点冷饮吗? |
[1:26:07] | Why, Ilove one! | 好, 来一杯! |
[1:26:08] | I’ll get you some of Barns’ made famous punch. | 我去拿咱们家酿的甜酒 |
[1:26:10] | Cool, innocentand deceptive. | 清凉柔和 酒劲不小 |
[1:26:12] | You sit right here, don’t move until I back. | 你坐这儿, 眼珠也别动, 我就来 |
[1:26:15] | I should run off at your first turning minute. | 我会跟第一个来的卖艺的跑了 |
[1:26:18] | Darling? | 亲爱的 |
[1:26:20] | Gone. | 过来 |
[1:26:38] | Of course, dear, I came to see that young woman. | 我当然来, 来看那位年青姑娘 |
[1:26:40] | Where is she? | 她在哪儿啊? |
[1:26:41] | Where are you hiding her? | 把她藏到哪儿啦? |
[1:26:45] | This is Myra. | 这是玛拉 |
[1:26:46] | Myra, this is my uncle, sorts of those fellows you just said. | 玛拉, 这是我叔叔, 你听到了, 大嗓门就是他 |
[1:26:49] | How do you do! | 您好! |
[1:26:51] | So this is Myra, is it? | 哦, 这就是玛拉, 是吗? |
[1:26:53] | I am very glad you came. | 您来了我真高兴 |
[1:26:55] | Why do you kept us apart? | 你干嘛把我们隔开来 |
[1:26:57] | Mm… now my troubles begin. | 我的麻烦来了 |
[1:27:00] | Roy, you told me you’re going to get Myra some punch. | 罗伊 你刚才说要给玛拉弄点甜酒 |
[1:27:03] | What about it? | 怎么还不去啊? |
[1:27:05] | I knew it was too good to last. | 我早知道好景不长, 亲爱的 |
[1:27:06] | Mm… darling. | 亲爱的 |
[1:27:08] | Come on, let’s sit down. | 我们坐吧 |
[1:27:12] | Do you know you gave me the terrible most anxious moment in my life? | 知道吗?你曾经让我担惊受怕了十分钟 |
[1:27:15] | Did I? | 我? |
[1:27:16] | When? | 什么时候? |
[1:27:17] | When I was waiting in a cab while Roy was in flat | 我坐在车里等着罗伊 |
[1:27:19] | asking your permission to marry me. | 请求你允许他娶我的时候 |
[1:27:21] | You are outside in the cab? | 那你是在外头了? |
[1:27:23] | Why didn’t he bring you in? | 为什么不带你进来? |
[1:27:25] | I don’t suppose he dare. | 我想他是不敢吧 |
[1:27:27] | Quite right, very true of you. | 不错 他是个精明的人 |
[1:27:31] | If he had, I’ve never given him my concerned. | 他要带进来 我绝不会同意 |
[1:27:33] | I should dissolve for you myself. | 那我要向你求婚了 |
[1:27:35] | Mm… ha… ha… ha, andl’d say”Yes”. | 我也会说好的 |
[1:27:38] | My dear, would you do me a favor? | 亲爱的, 你愿意帮个忙吗? |
[1:27:42] | I love to. | 哦, 我愿意 |
[1:27:44] | Would you do the other dance with me? | 是不是能赏光跟我跳个舞 |
[1:27:47] | Of course. | 哦 当然 |
[1:27:48] | But I’m afraid Roy would’ve been looped. | 可我怕罗伊以为我们私奔了 |
[1:27:50] | Well, maybe we will. | 哦 也许我们会的 |
[1:27:51] | All right! | 好的! |
[1:27:52] | Ha…, come along. | 走吧 |
[1:27:53] | I haven’t move for ages. | 现在我们上场吧 |
[1:27:55] | Come on, my dear, just make entrance. | 来, 我们狂欢一下 |
[1:28:16] | You dance beautifully, my dear. | 你跳得真好哇! |
[1:28:18] | Quite well, indeed! | 哪能不好呢 |
[1:28:20] | So do you. | 你也是 |
[1:28:21] | I… oh… no. | 哦 |
[1:28:25] | Gently, gently, gently… | 天哪, 天哪, 天哪 |
[1:28:28] | Oh, well… that dance is a kind my thos-vigor | 这次跳舞达到我事业的顶峰了 |
[1:28:32] | I can retired now permanently, write my memories. | 我可以退休写我的回忆录了 |
[1:28:35] | You’re offering kind. | 您真是太好了 |
[1:28:37] | I shall be always grateful to you. | 我将永远感激你 |
[1:28:39] | Grateful, grateful, what’re you talking about? | 感激, 感激, 你在说些什么呀? |
[1:28:40] | Do you think I don’t know why you came here tonight? | 您以为我不知道您今天晚上为什么来? |
[1:28:43] | Made appoint of dancing in front all of the people? | 并且非得当着这么多人跟我跳舞? |
[1:28:46] | Point, point, what point? | 非得, 非得, 什么非得? |
[1:28:48] | You wanted to show them you that approve of me. | 您想当众表示您赞成 |
[1:28:50] | Cause you knew if you approved, they would. | 您知道这样他们也会赞成了 |
[1:28:52] | Incidentally, I Charlie will like it. | 再说 我也喜欢跳 |
[1:28:54] | Oh, Duke… I… | 您真太好了 |
[1:28:57] | I do so like them to like me, I… | 我想让他们喜欢我 |
[1:28:59] | I want to be success because of Roy… | 我 我要他们喜欢我是为了罗伊 |
[1:29:02] | Oh, you know what these people are. | 啊, 你知道他们是什么人吗? |
[1:29:04] | They’re good people, major, kind people. | 他们都是好心人, 善良的人 |
[1:29:07] | But they’re old-fashioned, rather limited of social ideas. | 不过他们都是老派, 转不出他们的老眼光 |
[1:29:11] | What good enough for our fridge to grade good enough meat sort of things. | 凡事阿弗历大帝认为好的, 就都认为好 |
[1:29:17] | You see that emblem? | 看见这臂章了? |
[1:29:19] | Mm… | 嗯 |
[1:29:20] | Brokenlodge. | 断茅 |
[1:29:21] | Our arrangement battleridge. | 我们团的臂章 |
[1:29:23] | Roy wears one too. | 也是罗伊的 |
[1:29:24] | Lately, the only way we keep up to the tradition | 他们以为保持这种传统唯一的办法 |
[1:29:27] | is to lead the dull life from many one of themselves. | 就是过枯燥的生活,并跟他们的人结婚 |
[1:29:30] | Do you think of dancers, someone who little of races…, | 他们以为舞蹈演员有点太离格了 |
[1:29:33] | Should I say, put it in mind… Mm… ha… | 我说得客气了 |
[1:29:36] | Too bad you can’t live up to that idea, Myra, isn’t it? | 可惜你不能符合他们的标准 |
[1:29:40] | You may go to fun, wouldn’t it? | 这真有意思啊 |
[1:29:42] | Yes, I would. | 有意思 |
[1:29:45] | But Roy’s instinct tells him what you are. | 罗伊对你这个人的直觉 |
[1:29:48] | My instinct tells me too. | 也是我对你的直觉 |
[1:29:51] | You’re sound, and good. | 你忠实, 善良 |
[1:29:54] | That bad is never going to suffered your head. | 你是绝不会辜负这个臂章的 |
[1:29:57] | If I will have shown that, I wouldn’t welcome you as I do now. | 对这一点我要不能肯定 |
[1:30:02] | Myra? | 玛拉? |
[1:30:05] | Well, thanks a lot. | 哦 叔叔 |
[1:30:06] | I think I’ve been more than generously for you’ve been so long with Myra | 我认为我已经很大度了, 让你和玛拉呆这么久 |
[1:30:08] | The longer will be fool, honey. | 再久就不行了 |
[1:30:10] | Here’s her, Roy. | 是, 罗伊 |
[1:30:10] | You’d better take her away before she discovers the facts in the mask. | 你还是带她走吧, 免得她发现我才是更合适的人呢 |
[1:30:21] | Listen Myra… | 你听, 玛拉 |
[1:30:22] | I had them played, let’s dance. | 我让他们演奏的 你听 |
[1:30:26] | Excuseus, sir. | 我让他们演奏的 你听 |
[1:30:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:30:29] | For what? For what? | 谢什么? 谢什么? |
[1:30:30] | Go and enjoy yourself. | 你们好好高兴去吧 |
[1:30:43] | Remember, darling? Thecandlelight club… | 你听, 亲爱的, 不管我们到哪儿 |
[1:30:46] | It’s forever go, isn’t it? | 这曲子都跟着我们 |
[1:30:49] | And yes, “tonight”! | 今天晚上跟到这儿了 |
[1:31:53] | Coming. | 进来 |
[1:31:56] | Do I disturb you? | 我不打扰你吗? |
[1:31:57] | Oh, no. | 哦 不 |
[1:31:59] | Please come in, lady Margaret. | 请, 玛格丽特夫人 |
[1:32:01] | I’m not very gently… so in case you’re asleep, I shouldn’t wake. | 我轻轻的敲门, 万一你睡了就不叫你了 |
[1:32:06] | Won’t you sit down! | 您请坐下 |
[1:32:07] | I thought you be awake. | 我想你还没睡 |
[1:32:08] | I say she’s far too happier excited to be asleep. | 我对自己说她快活得睡不着了 |
[1:32:11] | Two things keep one up. | 睡不着有两种情况 |
[1:32:13] | Very happiness and very miserly. | 不是太快活就是太悲伤 |
[1:32:15] | Don’t you think so? | 你说是吧? |
[1:32:16] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:32:17] | I couldn’t go to sleep either without getting something off my chest, | 不说出来憋得慌, 我也睡不着 |
[1:32:20] | So to speak you American said. | 就像美国人说的那样 |
[1:32:22] | Are you sure you are not too tired? | 你真的不累吗? |
[1:32:23] | No, no, of course not. | 不, 当然不 |
[1:32:25] | It’s about our last meeting in London. | 上次我们在伦敦会面那件事 |
[1:32:27] | That is preyedin my mind ever since. | 我心里一直很苦恼 |
[1:32:30] | Do you bear graduates me for that, Myra? | 你为那件事怨恨我吧, 玛拉? |
[1:32:33] | Oh, no, lady Margaret. | 不 玛格丽特夫人 |
[1:32:34] | I came with prejudice. | 连成见也没有 |
[1:32:37] | When I saw you, you seemed strange to me. | 我上次一看到你, 你好像有点特别 |
[1:32:40] | I thought you couldn’tbe… | 我认为你不配做 |
[1:32:42] | Well… what I wanted Roy’s wife to be. | 我心目中的罗伊未来的妻子 |
[1:32:47] | I have no excuse except mother’s excuse for | 我除了做母亲的想给自己儿子找个十全十美的人以外 |
[1:32:49] | wanting any possible idea for her son. | 没别的理由 |
[1:32:53] | Can you forgive me? | 你能原谅我吗? |
[1:32:54] | But I have nothing to forgive. | 这有什么要原谅的呢 |
[1:32:56] | When I got home the next day, | 第二天一回到家就看到了 |
[1:32:57] | I found the telegram telling the drafting news about Roy. | 关于罗伊可怕消息的电报 |
[1:33:01] | And when could think again… | 等我清醒过来 |
[1:33:02] | It suddenly struck me that youhad known all the time, | 突然想到你是早知道了 |
[1:33:05] | that you’ve just seen his name in paper. | 你当时已经看到了, 报上登了他的名字了 |
[1:33:07] | And you hardly knew what you’re saying. | 所以说话颠三倒四的 |
[1:33:10] | Is that truth? | 说得对吗? |
[1:33:12] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:33:14] | Oh, you poor child if I only know. | 哦, 可怜的孩子, 当时我要是知道 |
[1:33:23] | I did my very best to find you, but you disappeared. | 我想尽办法找你, 可是你不知去向了 |
[1:33:27] | And now I want to make it up to you in the future. | 我想今后我会弥补这一点的 |
[1:33:34] | I am very happy about this marriage, Myra. | 我想今后我会弥补这一点的 |
[1:33:38] | And I know we are going to be wonderful friends. | 我知道我们会相处得很融洽的 |
[1:33:42] | Forgive me for being sentimental. | 原谅我上次感情用事 |
[1:33:46] | Good night, my daughter. | 晚安 我的女儿 |
[1:34:09] | Lady Margaret! | 玛格丽特夫人! |
[1:34:14] | Lady Margaret! | 玛格丽特夫人! |
[1:34:20] | Lady Margaret! | 玛格丽特夫人! |
[1:34:21] | Yes, Myra! | 什么 玛拉 |
[1:34:23] | I must speak you. | 我有话要说 |
[1:34:25] | Why, of course, Myra. | 好的, 玛拉 |
[1:34:29] | I can’t marry Roy. | 我不能跟他结婚 |
[1:34:42] | Sit down quietly, dear, tell me. | 好好坐下, 亲爱的, 你说吧 |
[1:34:45] | I must go away. | 我得走 |
[1:34:46] | I should never come here. | 我根本不该来这儿 |
[1:34:48] | I knew it is impossible. | 我早知道不可能 |
[1:34:50] | …But, I kept conceiving myself. | 可我一直在骗自己 |
[1:34:54] | I got to go away… I… | 我一定得走 |
[1:34:56] | I mustn’t see him again. | 我再也不见他了 |
[1:34:59] | My dear, why don’t you tell me what it is? | 亲爱的, 告诉我, 究竟为了什么? |
[1:35:01] | I’m sure I can help you. | 我相信我能帮助你 |
[1:35:03] | No, no one can help me. | 哦 没人能帮我 |
[1:35:05] | But my dear, what can it be that is so terrible? | 可是亲爱的, 到底是什么事? 有那么严重吗? |
[1:35:10] | Has there been someone else? | 是不是你有了别人? |
[1:35:15] | Oh! Lady Margaret… you are nice. | 玛格丽特夫人, 您太单纯了 |
[1:35:21] | Myra?! | 玛拉?! |
[1:35:22] | Yes! | 是的! |
[1:35:23] | Yes! Yes! | 是的!是的! |
[1:35:24] | Myra!? | 玛拉?! |
[1:35:25] | Yes, that’s all true. | 是的 你心里早明白了 |
[1:35:26] | It’s on your mind, but you’re telling yourself it can’t be true. | 可你不敢相信, 这是真的 |
[1:35:30] | It’s true! | 是真的! |
[1:35:31] | Myra! | 玛拉! |
[1:35:32] | Yes! | 是的! |
[1:35:33] | Why didn’t you tell him? | 你干嘛不早告诉他? |
[1:35:37] | I didn’t have the courage. | 我没有这勇气 |
[1:35:39] | Or I can give plenty of reasons. | 我能举出许多理由 |
[1:35:41] | I was hungry, I was poor | 我又饿又穷 |
[1:35:43] | I… I thought Roy was dead… but… | 我… 我以为罗伊死了 |
[1:35:46] | I could make you understand… but it would tell… | 我能让你理解 可无济于事 |
[1:35:51] | I don’t know what to say? | 哦 我不知道怎么说好 |
[1:35:56] | But it’s my fault as much as yours… | 可是这件事我跟你一样有过错 |
[1:35:58] | for not having understood, for not having taken care of… | 因为我没能理解你, 没能照料你 |
[1:36:01] | Oh! Don’t be nice to me! | 别再对我这么好! |
[1:36:04] | If I… | 要是我 |
[1:36:06] | If I leave early in the morning… | 要是我明儿一早就离开 |
[1:36:08] | If I never seen Roy again… | 要是我再也不见罗伊 |
[1:36:12] | Would you promise me he’ll never know? | 你能答应永远也不告诉他吗? |
[1:36:15] | I couldn’t bear hurt him like that. | 这么伤害他我受不了 |
[1:36:19] | Myra! | 玛拉! |
[1:36:22] | Oh! Let us wait until morning. | 哦 我们明天早上再说吧 |
[1:36:25] | Let’s think this over. | 我们再考虑一下 |
[1:36:26] | Would you promise? | 您答应吗? |
[1:36:31] | I promise. | 我答应你 |
[1:36:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:36:36] | You’ve been so good. | 您真太好了! |
[1:36:39] | I wish I could’ve been all you hope… but | 我多想成为您所希望的… 可是 |
[1:37:02] | Myra! | 玛拉! |
[1:37:06] | What’re your little game about? | 你这个夜游神 |
[1:37:07] | Why are you doing crawling around at this hour? | 这么晚干嘛还到处乱逛? |
[1:37:09] | You’ve been with mother? | 去妈妈那儿了? |
[1:37:10] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:37:12] | Isn’t she wonderful? | 她人不错吧? |
[1:37:13] | Yes, she is. | 是的 很好 |
[1:37:14] | Honey, I wouldn’t sleep so I’ve been walking in the garden, | 我知道睡不着, 所以到花园走走 |
[1:37:17] | confronting my good luck to the stars. | 跟星星谈谈我的好运道 |
[1:37:19] | Were they pleased? | 它们高兴吗 |
[1:37:19] | Mm… they seem to different. | 哦 它们漠不关心 |
[1:37:21] | They wouldn’t do glaring, they’re little exhibitions. | 老是一闪一闪的, 就爱出风头 |
[1:37:24] | Oh! | 哦! |
[1:37:27] | Have you ever seen this before? | 见过这个吗? |
[1:37:29] | I think so | 我想见过的 |
[1:37:29] | Here. | 给你 |
[1:37:33] | But I gave it to you, it’s yours. | 可我给你了, 是你的了 |
[1:37:35] | I think it’ll be saver with you, just as are we. | 我看搁你那儿要比我这儿安全点 |
[1:37:39] | I dropit in the garden moment ago, I was finding it until I found it again. | 刚才丢在花园里, 我急疯了, 总算找着了 |
[1:37:43] | I think you’d better have it from now on, because… | 我看还是放在你身边好 |
[1:37:45] | now we are both, as they said, one… | 我看还是放在你身边好 |
[1:37:48] | Really doesn’t matter which one keeps it, doesn’t it? | 我们俩谁收着不都一样? |
[1:37:51] | It brought me luck. | 它给我运气 |
[1:37:52] | Now it will bring you luck | 现在也会给你了 |
[1:37:54] | I’ll keep it for you, Roy. | 我给你保存, 罗伊 |
[1:37:57] | I’m tired, darling. | 我累了, 亲爱的 |
[1:37:58] | Yes, you look tired. | 是的, 你好像累了 |
[1:37:59] | Penestratenous day for you, darling. | 辛苦一天了 |
[1:38:02] | Good night, darling | 晚安, 亲爱的 |
[1:38:04] | Good bye, darling. | 再会, 亲爱的 |
[1:38:06] | Why good-bye, it’s only for a morning… | 干嘛再会, 一会儿就天亮了 |
[1:38:09] | Because every parting from you, is… is like a little eternality. | 因为每次跟你分手就像小小的永别 |
[1:38:16] | That’s the way I feel too. | 我也有这种感觉 |
[1:38:19] | Good bye! | 再会! |
[1:38:21] | Good bye! Little sentimentalist! | 再会! 多愁善感的人 |
[1:38:30] | Tomorrow, all day for ourselves! | 明天, 整天都属于我们的 |
[1:38:34] | Yes, my love. | 是啊 亲爱的 |
[1:39:43] | Wait for me! | 等着我 |
[1:39:53] | Myra! | 玛拉! |
[1:39:54] | Myra! It’s Roy! | 玛拉! 我是罗伊! |
[1:39:58] | Myra! | 玛拉! |
[1:39:59] | 怎么回事? 哦, 是你呀?What’s going on… oh, it’s you. | |
[1:40:01] | Hello, Kitty! | 你好, 基蒂! |
[1:40:02] | Where’s Myra? | 玛拉在哪儿? |
[1:40:03] | She’s not with you? | 她不在你这儿? |
[1:40:04] | What’re you talking about? | 你说什么? |
[1:40:06] | She left Shaft’s Garden last night. | 她昨晚离开苏格兰了 |
[1:40:07] | Without telling you? | 没告诉你? |
[1:40:09] | She’s not been here then. | 她不在这儿 |
[1:40:10] | Without your sincere hospitality with you the other day. | 可她前天还跟你在一起的呀 |
[1:40:12] | Look, can I come in? | 能让我进来吗? |
[1:40:13] | Of course! | 当然! |
[1:40:16] | I was just about to eat. | 我刚才正在吃饭 |
[1:40:18] | Sit down. | 坐吧 |
[1:40:20] | What happened? | 出什么事了? |
[1:40:21] | She left a note she couldn’t marry me. | 她留了个条 说不能嫁给我 |
[1:40:24] | Why, is there any trouble With… with your family? | 是不是你们家里不太同意? |
[1:40:26] | No… | 不,不,不 |
[1:40:28] | It’s incredible, Kitty, I can’t understand it at all. | 不能想像 简直不能理解 |
[1:40:31] | When last night we were together, she told me she was happy. | 昨晚上我们还在一起, 她说很快活 |
[1:40:33] | When did she leave? | 她什么时候走的? |
[1:40:34] | At the first train, took a ticket for London. | 坐头班车, 买到伦敦的票 |
[1:40:36] | She must arrive hours ago. | 她已到了几小时 |
[1:40:37] | Oh, she’s not been here. | 可是她没来过这儿 |
[1:40:39] | Where is she? | 哦 她去哪儿了? |
[1:40:42] | Kitty? | 基蒂? |
[1:40:44] | There’s something I’ve ever understood. | 有件事我一直不明白 |
[1:40:46] | I felt in the back my mind ever since I come home, | 我一回国就感觉到了 |
[1:40:48] | You know what it is? | 这事你知道? |
[1:40:50] | Tell me! | 告诉我! |
[1:40:51] | Tell me! | 告诉我! |
[1:40:55] | I thought you’d got face it, Roy. | 跟你说实话, 罗伊 |
[1:40:58] | I thought she means you’d never see her again. | 跟你说实话, 罗伊 |
[1:41:01] | Why not? | 为什么? |
[1:41:02] | I don’t know, don’t ask me! | 我不知道, 你别问我 |
[1:41:07] | Kitty, we’ll think more realize… | 基蒂, 究竟怎么回事? |
[1:41:08] | if you don’t tell me, I go to the police. | 你不说我就报警察局一定要找到她 |
[1:41:10] | Oh, no no, don’t go to the police. | 哦, 不, 别报警 |
[1:41:11] | Why shouldn’t I? | 为什么? |
[1:41:14] | Roy, can you take it? | 别问了, 罗伊? |
[1:41:16] | No matter what you find out about it? | 你非要知道不可吗? |
[1:41:19] | Answer me, can you take it? | 什么意思, 我说了你能经受得住? |
[1:41:22] | No matter what I find out won’t make any difference, I got to find her. | 不管是什么, 我都一样, 一定要找到她 |
[1:41:27] | Well, come on then. | 好, 那么走 |
[1:41:30] | We’ll look for her! | 我们去找她 |
[1:41:34] | Hello, Kitty! | 你好, 基蒂! |
[1:41:35] | Have you seen Myra? | 你看到玛拉吗? |
[1:41:36] | No! | 没有! |
[1:41:36] | Are you sure? | 肯定没有吗? |
[1:41:37] | Hei, I know seventy bit what’s coming near. | 上这儿来的人我没有不知道的 |
[1:41:39] | And Myra particularly! | 更不用说是玛拉 |
[1:41:41] | Everyone I tell she ann… she ann… | 我跟你说她没来… 没来 |
[1:41:43] | All right, thanks. | 那好, 谢谢 |
[1:41:45] | Why don’t you and your gentleman sit down here put a bite? | 干嘛不跟那位先生坐下来吃点什么? |
[1:41:48] | Seen Myra? | 你看见玛拉吗? |
[1:41:49] | No. | 没有 |
[1:41:49] | It’s about four times when she gone that in the air… | 我有四天没见到她了 |
[1:41:53] | If yousee her, tell her I’m looking for her, will you? | 看见她跟她说我在找她, 好吗? |
[1:41:55] | All right, I will be. | 好的, 基蒂 |
[1:41:58] | Hei, Mike? | 嗨, 麦克? |
[1:41:59] | How are you, sister? | 你好, 大姐 |
[1:42:01] | Have you seen Myra? | 你看见玛拉吗? |
[1:42:02] | Way for Myra. | 你要找玛拉 |
[1:42:03] | She don’t usually come around to about mid-night. | 她常常要到半夜才会来呢 |
[1:42:05] | All right, thanks. | 那好, 谢谢 |
[1:42:17] | Roy, she do seem to be anywhere. | 罗伊, 她好像哪儿也没去? |
[1:42:20] | Does one place we haven’t try? | 只有一个地方我们还没找过? |
[1:42:22] | Where is that? | 什么地方? |
[1:42:24] | Waterloo Station! | 滑铁卢车站! |
[1:42:30] | Waterloo Station, driver! | 去滑铁卢车站! |
[1:42:37] | Well? | 怎样? |
[1:42:40] | Not anywhere. | 哪儿都没有 |
[1:42:42] | No, nobody seen her. | 没有, 没人看见她 |
[1:42:44] | Oh, Roy, I am scared | 哦, 罗伊, 我害怕 |
[1:42:45] | Kitty! | 基蒂! |
[1:42:46] | I am scared. | 我害怕了 |
[1:42:47] | Tell me where is she? | 她到底去哪儿啦? |
[1:42:51] | She… she couldn’t go through with it. | 她实在混不下去了 |
[1:42:54] | She was too honest. | 她太忠厚了 |
[1:42:57] | She said it was her chance to live. | 她说过你是她活下去的机会 |
[1:43:01] | Chance to live? | 活下去的机会? |
[1:43:02] | That she’ll never go back… | 她说一切都过去了 |
[1:43:06] | She’ll never to be… | 她再也不干这种 |
[1:43:13] | You don’t need to say! | 不用再说了 |
[1:43:15] | I understand. | 我懂了 |
[1:43:19] | Then… | 那… |
[1:43:21] | Then where is she? | 那么她在哪儿? |
[1:43:26] | She’s lost, Kitty. | 她不见了 |
[1:43:28] | She escapist. | 她躲着我们 |
[1:43:31] | I’ll always look for her. | 我要永远找她 |
[1:43:34] | But never find her. | 可找不到 |
[1:43:58] | Is that you, Myra? | 是你吗, 玛拉? |
[1:44:01] | Hello! | 你好啊! |
[1:44:04] | Aren’t you was marry? | 你没嫁人吗 |
[1:44:07] | No! | 没有! |
[1:44:08] | That Kitty, she told me, | 那个基蒂, 她跟我说过 |
[1:44:11] | Said you got off some top. | 你跟了个体面人 |
[1:44:13] | I know it’s too good to be true. | 我早就说了, 哪有这种好事 |
[1:44:16] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[1:44:19] | Oh, well, cheer up. | 哎, 别泄气 |
[1:44:21] | Things can’t be worse. | 反正就这么回事 |
[1:44:24] | Going down to the Station? | 到火车站去吗? |
[1:44:29] | Oh… well… | 去啊 |
[1:44:31] | I’ll be all for you sometimes. | 我到哪儿都没伴 |
[1:44:34] | To-tuo-Ioo… | 再见 |
[1:46:53] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[1:46:55] | I never love anyone else. | 别人我谁也没爱过 |
[1:46:58] | I never shall. | 今后也不会 |
[1:47:01] | It’s truth, Roy. | 这是真话, 罗伊 |
[1:47:04] | I never shall. | 今后也不会 |
[1:47:40] | – The end… |