英文名称:Wall Street
年代:1987
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:44] | – How you doing, Buddy? – Great, Carolyn. | -巴德 你好吗 -好极了 卡洛琳 |
[02:47] | Doing any better would be a sin. | 再好的话就是罪过了 |
[02:52] | Morning. | 早 |
[03:01] | Morning, Dan. What’s looking good today? | 早 丹 今天什么股票看好 |
[03:04] | If I knew, I wouldn’t be in this business. Get out while you’re young. Kid. | 我知道的话就不会干这行了 趁年轻快离开 小伙子 |
[03:07] | I came here one day, I sat down, and look at me now. | 有一天我来到这 坐了下来 看看现在的我 |
[03:11] | Look at you now. | 看看现在的你 |
[03:15] | Morning, Brian. | 早 布莱恩 |
[03:17] | – Chuckie! How’s the woman slayer? – Looking for an 18-year-old wife. | -查克 你这个花花公子过得如何 -还在找18岁的老婆啊 |
[03:21] | – How you doing, pal? – Well, if I had your looks, better. | -你好吗 伙计 -若我有你的脸蛋就更好了 |
[03:24] | Takes years of genetics, a Yale education and the right tailor. | 这要靠家族优良基因 大学要念耶鲁 还有找对裁缝 |
[03:28] | Not that you learned anything, Chunk. | 你还是啥也没学会 查克 |
[03:32] | Marv, I got a feeling that we are gonna make a killing today. | 马文 我有预感 今天我们会大开杀戒 |
[03:36] | Yeah? Where’s your machine gun? | 是吗 那你的机关枪呢 |
[03:38] | You can’t make a buck in this market. | 股票市场没赚头 |
[03:40] | The country’s going to hell faster than when RooseveIt was in charge! | 这个国家衰败的速度 比罗斯福那混蛋在位时还快 |
[03:44] | Too much cheap money sloshing around the world. | 那些弱势货币在全世界流窜 |
[03:47] | Worst mistake we ever made was letting Nixon get off the gold standard. | 我们最大的错误 就是放任尼克森放弃金本位 |
[03:51] | Putney Drug …you boys might wanna look at it. | 你们或许可以考虑普尼药厂 |
[03:54] | – No. They’ll take five years to come around. – But they got a good new drug. | -不 那公司要再5年才会有转机 -可是他们推出的新药不错 |
[03:58] | Stick to the fundamentals. That’s how IBM and Hilton were built. | 要坚守基本面 IBM和希尔顿就是这样扎根的 |
[04:03] | Good things sometimes take time. | 好东西有时是急不来的 |
[04:06] | Look sharp, especially you rookies. | 各位 今天可要张大眼睛 尤其是你们这些菜鸟 |
[04:08] | Nikkei lndex closed up 90 points last night. | 日经指数昨天上涨了90点 |
[04:10] | We expect heavy Japanese buying on the opening. | 我们预估今日的日本资金在一开市就会大举买进 |
[04:13] | The firm has 200,000 steel for sale. A million Big Blue. | 我们有20万股钢铁股要卖 1百万股的IBM股票 |
[04:16] | 350,000 pork and beans. | 还有35万股的食品类股 |
[04:18] | Get on the horn with your institutions. | 打给你们的法人等大户 挑他们有兴趣买的股票下手 |
[04:22] | These utilities are our top priority today. | 这些客户是今日的优先目标 |
[04:23] | – OK. Let’s go to work. – And they’re off and running! | -好 上工吧 -今天开盘的气势很旺 |
[04:43] | We cleared up to 60,000 XGC at 48 1/2. Yes, that’s right. Right. | 我们买进了6万股XGC股票 价位是48.5美元 对 正在盯 |
[04:54] | – The market just doubled. – Brenner! | -涨了 刚刚翻了一番 -美科公司的股 |
[04:57] | Research has put thrifts on the recommended. | 研究部门推荐储蓄银行类股 |
[05:00] | What? Dump it for chrissake! | 什么全部卖掉 |
[05:03] | 30,000. Three-eight top. I go along at 23. You got it. | 买进3万股 最高3/8 我预测这支会涨到23美元 |
[05:08] | Now you own it! Conwest Air? Let me check it. | 没问题 买进了 你要康威航空我查查看 |
[05:17] | Circle 29,000 Niagaras for Templeton. | 替泰普顿基金保留2万9千股的尼加拉瓜股票 |
[05:19] | Mr Harrison, | 哈先生 |
[05:20] | are you aware that we are in the biggest bull market of our generation? | 不知你有没注意到如今股市的多头走势可是史上头一遭 |
[05:25] | No, sir, it’s not what you think. If you take five minutes of your time… | 不您误会了 您只要拔5分钟 |
[05:30] | Dreyfus is looking for 50,000 Conair! | 卓发斯要买5万股康威航空 |
[05:32] | September 50s? How about Decembers? | 9月的认股价是每股50元 那10月的呢 |
[05:35] | Mr Zaros? Bud Fox, Jackson Steinem. | 我是杰史证券的福巴德 |
[05:38] | Yes, sir, I am aware of that. | 你给我听好 这我全都知道 |
[05:39] | But if I could have five minutes to explain the opportunities emerging… | 您只要拔5分钟 容我解释国际债券市场 |
[05:44] | ..in the international debt market. | 大好的投资机会 |
[05:46] | No, no… | 不 |
[05:47] | Bud Fox, Jackson Steinem. | 杰史证券的福巴德 |
[05:49] | Yes, I am aware of this. But if I could just explain the opportunities emerging… | 是 我了解 容我解释国际债券市场 |
[05:55] | ..in the international debt market… | 大好的投资机会 |
[05:58] | I’m sure that… | 我确信 |
[06:07] | Yesterday concerns my future. I need the info now, before the close. | 事关我的前途 我要在收盘前得到消息 |
[06:12] | No, in ten minutes it’s history. At four I’m a dinosaur! | 不 10分钟后我就成为历史了 等到4点后我就变成废物了 |
[06:15] | Howard, I thought you were a gentleman. | 霍华 我以为你是正人君子 |
[06:17] | Sure it’s gone down. You got the tip. I didn’t. | 这支股票当然在跌 不过这是你跟我说的 |
[06:20] | – Why would I tell you to sell it? – Give it back! | -我没叫你买 怎么叫你卖 -把股票还回去 |
[06:23] | To who? I can’t give it back. you own it! | 还给谁 你已经买了 |
[06:26] | No, he’s not here. | 他现在不在这里 |
[06:28] | – That’s what you told us to say. – Gimme that phone. | -这是你教我们说的 -电话给我 |
[06:31] | – Hello? – Hello. | -喂 -喂 |
[06:33] | – Who am I talking to? – The sales manager. What’s the problem? | -你是哪位 -我是营业部经理 有什么问题 |
[06:37] | What? Will you gimme a break? How was I supposed to know you were in surgery? | 你就放我一马吧 我怎么知你在动手术 |
[06:42] | What am I – Marvin the Mindreader?! | 难不成我会读心术 |
[06:44] | Uh, no, sir. I’ll discuss that with the account executive, and I’ll get back to you. | 你是要我取消帐户不 我和会计部商量后再联络你 |
[06:49] | No, no, sir. You’re welcome. | 不 不客气 |
[06:55] | I’m closing the account. If he doesn’t pay tomorrow, you pay. | 我要关掉他的帐户 如果他明天不付钱 你来付 |
[06:59] | Mr Lynch, I swear to you, he’s lying. | 林先生 我发誓他在说谎 |
[07:01] | We give you a rich man’s account,… | 我们让你替大户操盘 |
[07:03] | ..and you tell me he’s gonna DK you for a lousy quarter point? | 他会为跌了0.25元而赖帐 |
[07:07] | You’re being unfair, sir. You know he’s got a history for bullshit. | 您这样有欠公道 把这个以前就有过这种不良纪录家伙分给我 |
[07:12] | Somebody’s got to pay. | 反正总要有人付 |
[07:14] | Ain’t gonna be me. | 那个人不会是我 |
[07:19] | Buddy, Buddy. A little trouble, huh, today, Buddy? | 巴德 今天不顺利啊 |
[07:22] | Howard the jerk reneged on me. I gotta cover his losses to the tune of seven grand. | 霍华这混蛋反咬我一口 我得帮他负担7千元的损失 |
[07:27] | Yeah! I’m holding! | 对 我还在等 |
[07:29] | I’m tapped out. American Express got a hit man looking for me. | 我破产了 美国运通一定请了杀手在找我 |
[07:32] | It coulda been worse, right? Coulda been my money. | 情况可能会更糟 对吧 |
[07:38] | Here, here, rookie, let me help you out. I got… a C-note. | 来菜鸟 我来救救你 我看我有多少 一百元 |
[07:44] | – Thanks, Marv. I’ll make it up to you. – Yes, I am still here! | -谢了 马文 我会报答你的 -对 我还在 |
[07:48] | You know what my dream is? To one day be on the other end of that phone. | 你知道我的梦想是什么 就是有天能换到电话那一头 |
[07:53] | Oh, you got it, baby. Where the real cheesecake is. | 在那里才有钱赚 |
[07:57] | Hey, Bud, you forgetting something? | 巴德 你是不是忘了什么 |
[08:00] | The Gekko phone call? | 盖柯的电话 |
[08:02] | Bud, When are you gonna realise it’s the big game hunters | 巴德 你几时才能明白 |
[08:05] | who bag elephants not guys like us. | 赚钱的是大户 不是我们 |
[08:07] | – Gordon Gekko, please. – Gekko’s beautiful. | -我找戈登·盖柯 -盖柯玩的太漂亮了 |
[08:09] | 30 seconds after the Challenger blew up, he’s selling NASA stock short. | 挑战者号爆炸后30秒 他就卖空了太空总署的股票 |
[08:13] | Yeah, but… 47 million he made on the Melcore deal. | 对 但他在马康股票赚了4千7百万 |
[08:18] | 23 on the lmperial deal before he was 40. | 在他40岁前就靠宏大股赚了2千3百万 |
[08:21] | The guy makes 20 times what Dave Winfield makes in a year, | 大卫·温飞一年赚的钱只他赚的20分之一 |
[08:24] | and he talks to everybody. | 他逢人就说这件事 |
[08:26] | And he had an ethical bypass at birth. | 他打一出生就没了良心 |
[08:28] | – Hello, Natalie. Guess who? – Mr Fox. | -喂 娜塔丽 你猜我是谁 -福先生 |
[08:31] | Right. Every day I say to myself that today could be the day. So will you marry me? | 没错 我每天都对自己说 可能就是今天 你愿意嫁给我吗 |
[08:37] | – I’ll think about it. – Then can you get me through to Mr Gekko? | -我会考虑的 -可以帮我接盖柯先生吗 |
[08:41] | – He’s very busy. – Of course he is. Five minutes is all I ask. | -他现在很忙 -他当然很忙 我只要求5分钟 |
[08:45] | Mr Fox, I’m sure you’re a good broker, but our traders deal with the brokers. | 福先生 我相信你是个优秀的营业员 但只有散户才会找营业员 |
[08:51] | Mr Gekko deals with investment bankers. | 盖柯只和投资银行打交道 |
[08:53] | – Tell him I called. There are big changes… – Yes, I’ll give him your message. | -那至少跟他说我打电话来过 -好 我会替你留话给他 |
[08:57] | Leo, I understand, | 李欧 我了解 |
[08:59] | but you have to realise there’ll be major subordinated debt involved. | 但你要知道这事关附属债务 |
[09:18] | – Buddy, how ya doing? – Great, Charlie. Any better would be a sin. | -巴德小子 你好吗 -很好 再好就是罪过了 |
[09:21] | Jesus Christ! Listen, I hear all you guys on Wall Street are millionaires. | 天啊 我听说你们华尔街的人全都是百万富翁 |
[09:27] | – When you gonna make us all rich? – You need an account to win the lottery. | -你何时让我们大家发财啊 -先开个帐户 才能中大奖 |
[09:31] | Give me 50 grand. I’ll get you a condo before next fall. | 给我5万元 赶明年圣诞 我包准你能在佛州买幢别墅 |
[09:33] | Sure! We’ll own the airline by then! | 我们到时都有航空公司了 |
[09:35] | Why don’t he make himself rich, so he can pay off his school loans? | 不如他先让自己发财好还清助学贷款 |
[09:40] | Nice to see you’re in such a good mood, Dad. Did Mom give you fish for dinner? | 爸 难得看你心情这么好 老妈又煮鱼给你当晚餐 |
[09:44] | You smoke too much. How often you gotta go to the hospital to realise? | 你烟抽得太凶了 你要进出去医院几次才会 |
[09:48] | Leave me alone. It’s the only thing that makes me feel good. There, Frank. All set. | 你别管我行不行 只剩下抽烟能让我舒服了 法兰克 全好了 |
[09:52] | Spaghetti! Your mother still makes lousy spaghetti. | 你妈做的意大利面还是很差 |
[09:56] | – It’s pasta now. Spaghetti’s out of date. – So am I. You want a beer? | -现在叫通心面 意大利面已经过时了 -我也一样 你要啤酒吗 |
[10:01] | Billie! Bring a Molson Lite for the kid! | 比利 给他来瓶淡啤酒 |
[10:05] | – Looking good, huh? – He looks terrific. | -他看起来不错吧 -他看起来好极了 |
[10:07] | Carl, we’ll be at the bar. | 卡尔 我们会在吧台 |
[10:11] | – I’ll catch up with you. – All right, Charlie. | -我们可不想错过班机 -好 查理 |
[10:16] | So… | 所以 |
[10:18] | You look like you’ve grown another inch, but you don’t look so hot, Buddy. | 你看起来又长高了但却愁眉苦脸的 |
[10:23] | – You’re gonna get bags under your eyes. – Yeah, I had a tough day. | -你有眼袋了 跟你老子一样 -我折腾了一天 |
[10:27] | – Some jerk DK’d me. I gotta cover his loss. – Speak English. | -有个混蛋赖帐 我得替他赔钱 -说英文好吗 |
[10:31] | Didn’t Know who I was when the options he bought took a bath. | 他买的股票赔了钱却不认帐 |
[10:34] | – Bastard reneged on me! – I told you not to get into that racket. | -那个混蛋反咬我一口 -我早跟你说过别进这一行 |
[10:38] | You coulda been a doctor or a lawyer. | 你早该去当医生或是律师 |
[10:40] | If you’d stayed at Bluestar, | 若你当初待在蓝星航空的话 |
[10:41] | you coulda been a supervisor now, instead of being a salesman. | 可能早都当上督查或是公关了 而不是跑去当业务员 |
[10:46] | Dad, how many times I gotta tell you I am not a salesman? I’m an account executive. | 爸 你要我跟你说几次 我不是营业员 我是帐户经理人 |
[10:51] | Soon I’m moving into investment banking. | 要不了多久我就会转到投资银行部 |
[10:54] | You ask strangers for money, right? you’re a salesman. | 你打电话跟陌生人要钱 对吧 这就是业务员 |
[10:57] | Dad, it takes time. You gotta build a client list. | 爸 这要花时间 我正在建立客户名单 |
[11:00] | I can make more money in one year as a broker than in five at this airline. | 我当营业员1年赚的钱比待在航空公司5年赚的还多 |
[11:04] | Thank you, Billie. | 谢谢 比利 |
[11:06] | l don’t get it, kid. You borrow money to go to NYU. First year out, you make 35 grand. | 我就是搞不懂你借了钱去上纽约大学 毕业第1年你赚了3万5 |
[11:11] | You made 50 grand last year, and can’t pay off your loans. Where does it go?! | 去年又赚了5万 不过贷款仍旧没还完 你的钱都花到哪去了 |
[11:15] | Dad, 50K does not get you to first base in the Big Apple. | 区区5万在纽约根本不够过活 |
[11:19] | I got 40% in taxes, 15 grand for rent. | 我的薪水4成要缴税 1万5交房租 |
[11:21] | I got school loans, car loans, food, that’s three bills a month. I need suits… | 还有助学贷款 汽车贷款 饭钱 每月必付的3项 我还得穿西装 |
[11:26] | Come back home and live rent-free instead of that roach-infected place. | 那你回家来住不要钱的房子 你原本那里继续给蟑螂住算了 |
[11:30] | $50,000! Jesus Christ! The whole world’s off its rocker! | 5万元 老天 这世界都疯了 |
[11:34] | I made $47,000 last year. That’s before taxes. | 我去年才赚了4万7千元 那还是没有扣税之前 |
[11:38] | That’s Queens, Dad! A 5% mortgage and you rent the top room. | 爸 你那里是皇后区只要拿5%的薪水缴房贷就能住最好的房子 |
[11:41] | I gotta live in Manhattan to be a player. There is no nobility in poverty any more, Dad. | 我得住在曼哈顿才能当玩家 爸 贫穷不再是清高的象征 |
[11:47] | One day you’ll be proud of me. You’ll see. | 等着 有朝一日你会以我为荣 |
[11:51] | It’s yourself you gotta be proud of, Huckleberry. | 你得要以你自己为荣才对 |
[11:55] | How much you need? | 你要多少 |
[11:57] | Can you spare 300? I’ll pay you back next month, I promise. | 3百可以吗 我保证下个月就能还你 |
[12:01] | – I don’t know if I got that much on me. – Not in here. Please. | -我身上不知道有没有那么多 -拜托你别在这里 |
[12:07] | It adds up. 300 here, 200 there. Your brother… | 儿子 你要知道积少成多 东借两百 西借3百的 你老弟就不会 |
[12:11] | I always say money’s sth you need in case you don’t die tomorrow. Right, Carl? | 我常说 钱是身外之物 对吧 卡尔 |
[12:15] | How you doing? | 你好吗 |
[12:17] | – How’s work treating you? – Damn mandatory drug test. | -你最近工作上如何 -那个强制药检真是要命 |
[12:21] | They’re driving us crazy. I got flagged the other day. | 我们都快被逼疯了 我那天吃了降压药 |
[12:24] | for my blood pressure pills. Can you believe that? | 竟然过不了药检 你相信吗 |
[12:26] | The good news is we had a meeting with the controller about some union business. | 唯一的好消息是我们工会才跟股东开过会 |
[12:29] | – Guess what? – What? | -结果你猜怎么着 -如何 |
[12:31] | Remember the accident last year and the investigation? | 记得去年那起意外的调查案吗 |
[12:34] | The FAA is gonna rule it was a manufacturing error in the door-latch mechanism. | 航管局将判定是制造商的过失 |
[12:38] | I knew it all the time. | 我自始至终都知道 |
[12:40] | I kept telling ’em it wasn’t maintenance. It’s the greedy manufacturers in Cincinnati. | 我一直说不是保养部的问题 辛辛那提的制造商只顾赚钱 |
[12:45] | – That’s great. – This gets us out from under suspension. | -这太好了 -公司的禁飞令也因此解除 |
[12:49] | We can go for those new routes to Pittsburgh and Boston. | 我们现在可以争取匹兹堡和波士顿的航线 |
[12:52] | We’ll compete with the big guys. | 这样就能够跟大公司竞争了 |
[12:54] | To Bluestar. As your broker, all I can advise is you hold on to that stock. | 敬蓝星 身为你的营业员 我建议你守着那些股票 |
[12:59] | What stock? Are you kiddin’? | 什么股票 你开玩笑啊 |
[13:03] | – Are you sure about this thing? – What? | -这件事你肯定 -什么事 |
[13:06] | – The FAA announcement. – Sure I’m sure. | -航管局宣布的事 -我当然肯定 |
[13:11] | Look at me. You got that mischievous look in your eye, Buddy. | 你看着我 你又有那种捣蛋的眼神 |
[13:16] | You used to smile like that when you were a kid sleeping. | 你小时候睡觉时也是这种笑容 |
[13:19] | It’s true. Just like that. | 没错 就像那样 |
[14:03] | Morning, Gordon. | 早 戈登 |
[14:13] | Delivery for Mr Gekko. It’s a personal item. He needs you to sign for it. | 有盖柯先生的快递 需要他亲自签收 |
[14:17] | Send him in. | 叫他进来 |
[14:32] | Hello, Natalie. Recognise the voice? | 你好 娜塔丽 认得出这个声音吗 |
[14:35] | Here’s a hint …you’re thinking about marrying me. | 我给你个暗示 你在认真考虑要嫁给我 |
[14:38] | – Why are you here? – You’re lovelier than I pictured. | -你在这里干嘛 -你比我想像中还要可人 |
[14:41] | – Got a birthday present for Mr Gekko. – You can’t come barging in here. | -我有生日礼物要给盖柯先生 -你不能就这样闯进来 |
[14:45] | – What makes you think it’s his birthday? – Well, it’s in the bible, see? | -你凭什么认为今天是他生日 -你看 “财星杂志”里有写 |
[14:50] | You better go buy him a gift. | 你最好去替他买份礼物 |
[14:52] | Please, Natalie, let me give this to him. | 拜托 娜塔丽 让我把这个拿给他 |
[14:54] | Cuban cigars. His favourite and tough to get. | 古巴制的大卫·杜夫雪茄 他的最爱 很难买的 |
[15:00] | Please, Natalie? | 求求你 娜塔丽 |
[15:04] | Stay here. I’ll see what I can do. | 你待在这里 我去想想办法 |
[15:26] | Wait outside. | 你在外面等 |
[15:30] | Yeah, I’ll see you shortly, I hope. | 好 我待会儿就过去 |
[15:45] | Five minutes. | 5分钟 |
[15:53] | Well, life all comes down to a few moments. | 5分钟决定一生 |
[15:56] | This is one of ’em. | 就看这5分钟了 |
[16:01] | What the hell’s going on? | 搞什么鬼 |
[16:03] | I’m looking at 200,000 shares move, pal. I wanna know if we’re part of it. | 我计划要有两万股成交 我们到底买了没有 |
[16:08] | We’d better be, or I’m gonna come and eat your lunch for you. Back in two. | 最好是这样 否则我就过去帮你吃午饭 两分钟后再打给他 |
[16:12] | Sorry, Jeff. Look, I loved it at 40. It’s an insult at 50. | 抱歉 杰夫 但40我才要买 50就太扯了 |
[16:17] | Their analysts don’t know preferred stock from livestock. | 那些股市分析师就连特别股跟家畜都分不清 |
[16:20] | Wait till it heads south, then we raise the sperm count on the deal. Get back at ya. | 你先等这档股价下跌我们再来施压 我再联络你 |
[16:27] | This is the kid. Calls me 59 days in a row. Wants to be a player. | 就是你这小子 连打了两个月电话找我 想当玩家 |
[16:32] | Oughta be in the dictionary under “persistence”. | 字典里”坚持”这个字的定义应该要把你的照片给放上去 |
[16:35] | Listen, Jerry, I’m looking for negative control. No more than 30, 35%. | 杰瑞 我要逆势接手那家公司 最高买下3成至3成5 |
[16:40] | Just enough to block anybody else’s merger plans | 只要能阻止他人的合并计划 |
[16:42] | and find out if the books are cooked. | 并从内部查明情况 |
[16:45] | If it looks as good as on paper, we’re in the kill zone, pal. | 若这公司的资产负债表是真的 那我们就能大捞一笔 |
[16:49] | Lunch? You kiddin’? Lunch is for wimps. OK, Billy. I’ll talk at ya. | 午饭 你别逗了 软脚虾才吃午饭 好 比利 再联络 |
[16:57] | How do you do, Mr Gekko? I’m Bud Fox. | 你好 盖柯先生 我是福巴德 |
[17:00] | So you say. Nice to meet you. Hope you’re intelligent. | 幸会 很聪明的礼物 |
[17:03] | – Where’d you get these? – I got a connection at the airport. | -你这些是哪弄来的 -我在航空公司有门路 |
[17:08] | So what’s on your mind, kemo sabe? Why am I listening to you? | 你有什么计划 我干嘛要听你说话 |
[17:12] | I gotta monitor my blood pressure, so don’t upset me. | 我现在得随时监控血压 你干嘛都好 就是别激怒我 |
[17:16] | No. No, sir. | 不 不会的 |
[17:17] | In 45 seconds, the microprocessor computes your systolic and diastolic pressure. | 在45秒内 微处理器就能够 分析出你的收缩压与舒张压 |
[17:22] | Got an LCD read-out, cost-effective… Less than one visit to a doctor. | 还有液晶荧幕显示 很划算 比看医生还要省 |
[17:29] | I just wanna let you know | 盖柯先生 |
[17:30] | I’ve read all about you at NYU Business. I think you’re a genius. | 我只想告诉你我在纽约商学院读书时读遍了关于你的报导 |
[17:36] | I’ve always dreamed of one thing and that’s to do business with a man like you. | 我认为你是位不凡的天才 也梦想着和你这样的人做生意 |
[17:40] | – What firm you with? – Jackson Steinem. | -你是哪家公司的 -杰史证券 |
[17:43] | They’re going places. Good junk-bond department. | 这公司有发展 垃圾债券搞得不错 |
[17:45] | You the financing on that Jansen investment? | 帮詹生做融资的是你公司吗 |
[17:48] | Yeah. I’m working on some other interesting stuff. | 对 我们也在做其他投资交易 |
[17:52] | Cosmetic company, by any chance? | 有化妆品公司的生意吗 |
[17:54] | Are you twelfth man on the deal team? Last to know? | 你是最资浅的跑腿工吗 |
[17:58] | – I can’t tell you that, Mr Gekko. – So what you got for me, sport? | -盖柯先生 这我不能说 -那你的来意是什么 |
[18:02] | Chart breakout on Whitewood-Young lndustries. | 图表显示怀杨工业的股票最近大涨 |
[18:05] | Explosive earnings. A 30% discount from book. Great cash flow. Couple of 5% holders. | 获利率极高 3成净利 现金交易活络 5%持股人 |
[18:09] | – It’s a dog. – Strong management. | -烂投资 -管理机制很强 |
[18:11] | It’s a dog, pal. What else you got besides connections at the airport? | 这档股票没搞头 你除了在机场有关系之外还有些什么 |
[18:16] | Mr Stevenson in San Francisco. | 旧金山的史蒂芬先生来电 |
[18:23] | – He respond? – Lecturing on economics. | -他对我们的提议有回应吗 -经济学的讲座 |
[18:25] | – What?! – No, he’s in Chicago. | -什么 -不 他人在芝加哥 |
[18:27] | What the hell is Cromwell giving a lecture tour when he’s losing 60 million a quarter?! | 他还搞什么巡回演讲 他一季就赔了6千万 |
[18:32] | Guess he’s giving lectures in how to lose money. | 他8成在演讲如何赔钱 |
[18:35] | lf this guy owned a funeral parlour, no one would die! This turkey is braindead! | 要是他开殡仪馆的话就没人会死了 那个白痴跟脑死亡没两样 |
[18:41] | OK. All right, Christmas is over, and business is business. | 好了 圣诞节已过 生意归生意 |
[18:45] | You keep on buying. Dilute the son of a bitch! | 你大举买进 架空那个混蛋 |
[18:48] | Ollie, I want every orifice in his fuckin’ body flowin’ red! | 欧里 我要他不留全尸 |
[18:52] | He’s flowin’, Gordo. Piece of cake. | 他非垮不可 戈登 轻而易举 |
[18:54] | This guy’s the best trader on the street. | 这家伙是华尔街的一流炒手 |
[18:57] | Susan, get me the LBO analysis on Teldar Paper. Bring it in here, please. | 苏珊 替我拿泰达纸业的融资合并分析资料进来 |
[19:02] | – Mr Gekko, your wife. – What else you got? | -盖柯先生 尊夫人在线上 -你还有些什么 |
[19:06] | Terafly. Analysts don’t like it. I do. | 泰勒菲 分析师不喜欢 我喜欢 |
[19:08] | The break-up value is twice the market price. | 这公司转卖后市价比原来价值多1倍 |
[19:11] | This deal finances itself. You sell off two divisions… | 自成融资 你卖掉两个部门 |
[19:14] | Not bad for a quant, but that’s a dog with different fleas. | 你还蛮会用图表的 不过这是两回事 |
[19:18] | Come on, pal. Tell me something I don’t know. | 来吧 说些我不知道的 |
[19:21] | It’s my birthday. | 今天我的生日 |
[19:24] | Surprise me. | 让我有意外的收获 |
[19:29] | – Bluestar. – What? | -蓝星 -什么 |
[19:32] | – Bluestar Airlines. – Rings a bell somewhere. So what? | -蓝星航空公司 -有印象 怎样 |
[19:37] | It’s a comer. 80 medium-body jets. 300 pilots. | 这家航空公司有前景 旗下有80架中型客机 3百位飞行员 |
[19:41] | Flies to Florida, Canada, uh, Northeast, the Caribbean. | 航线包括佛罗里达 加拿大 东北部沿海 加勒比海 |
[19:46] | – Great slots in major cities. – I don’t like airlines. Lousy unions. | -遍及各大城市 -我不喜欢投资航空公司 工会很难搞 |
[19:50] | Well, there was a crash last year. | 去年有件坠机事件 |
[19:53] | They just got a favourable ruling on a lawsuit. | 他们才刚获得有利判决 |
[19:56] | Even the plaintiffs don’t know about it. | 就连原告都还不知道 |
[19:59] | Well, how do you know about it? | 那你怎么知道的 |
[20:02] | I just know. | 弟就是知道 |
[20:04] | The decision should clear the way for new planes and routes. | 这项判决将会带来新客机以及航线合约 |
[20:08] | There’s only a small float. You should grab it. Good for a five-point pop. | 流落在外的股票不多 你该把握这个机会 可望涨个5元 |
[20:12] | 250,000 shares at 18 1/4 from Jansen. | 简森刚在18.25元时买下205万股的泰达纸业 |
[20:15] | I can pull twice that at 18 1/2 from the California pensions. | 我应该能让加州退休金法人在18.5元时买下50万股泰达 |
[20:18] | We got close to half a million shares in the bag. | 那我们就有近1百万股的筹码 |
[20:22] | The Terminator! Blow ’em away, Ollie! | 好个魔鬼终结者 轰光他们 欧里 |
[20:26] | We got the Beezer Brothers. I’m working on the Silverberg boys. | 我很确定毕瑟公司会跟进 我正在说服银堡公司 |
[20:30] | Rip their fuckin’ throats out! Stuff ’em in your garbage compactor! | 一鼓作气 杀他个片甲不留 |
[20:34] | lnteresting. Got a card? | 有趣 你有名片吗 |
[20:37] | Home number’s on the back. | 家里的电话在后面 |
[20:39] | Bud Fox, I look at a hundred deals a day. I choose one. | 福巴德 弱水3千 我只取1瓢饮 |
[20:43] | – I hope to hear from you, sir. – Thanks for the cigars. | -我希望得到您的回应 -多谢你的雪茄 |
[20:47] | Let’s go, guys. Looks like we’re going over 5% in Teldar. | 加把劲 我们已握有泰达5%的股票了 |
[20:50] | Start the lawyers on a tender offer and 13D. | 要律师开始进行报价投标 拟1份控股申请书给证管会 |
[20:53] | We buy everything in sight, but we don’t pay over 22. | 能买的都买下 但上限是22元 |
[20:56] | They’ll fight. They got Myers and Thromberg doing their legal. | 他们会循法律途径反抗 他们有梅尔和索伯做代表 |
[21:02] | – Thanks, Natalie. – Have a nice day, Mr Fox. | -谢了 娜塔丽 -福先生 祝你有愉快的一天 |
[21:04] | Mr Gekko, your conference call is ready. | 盖柯先生 电话会议已就绪 |
[21:06] | Mr Sugarman in Delaware, Mr Bernard in LA,… | 苏先生和罗先生在德拉瓦 伯先生在洛杉矶 |
[21:09] | ..Mr Jackson and Ms Rosco in London. They’re all on. | 杰先生和洛先生在伦敦 他们全在线上 |
[21:13] | Please, I’m begging you. I’m in a bind down here. | 算我求你 我也被卡死了 |
[21:16] | We got all these damn new computers and young men that are edging me out here. | 这些新电脑真该死 有个年轻人在挖我的客户 |
[21:23] | Hey, Bud! Did he see you? | 巴德 他有见你吗 |
[21:26] | Yeah, he saw right through me. | 有 他一眼就看穿我了 |
[21:28] | Cheer up. You shook Gekko’s hand and you still got all your fingers. | 高兴点 你握过盖先生的手 而且你的手指都还在 |
[21:32] | Besides, he’s not the only elephant in the jungle. | 况且这小丑又不是唯一的大户 |
[21:35] | Holy cow! Did you get something from him? Teldar Paper, huh? | 你有没有从他身上挖到消息 泰达纸业啊 |
[21:39] | Nah. It’s a dog with fleas. | 不 他说那没赚头 |
[21:43] | Fox, where have you been for the last three hours, hm? | 巴德这3小时你跑哪去了 |
[21:48] | lf I were you, and I thank my personal God I am not,… | 若我是你 还好我不是 |
[21:52] | ..I wouldn’t be sitting around chinwagging. | 我可不会坐在那里八卦 |
[21:55] | Plenty of six-figure names in that zip-code pile to cold-call. | 善用6位数年薪的电话名单 快去开发客源 |
[22:03] | Buddy, I got tickets for the Knick game tonight. Cruise some chicks afterwards. | 我有尼克队今晚的票 看完球再去钓马子 保证很棒 |
[22:08] | Whaddaya say? | 要不要去 |
[22:09] | – No, I gotta read my charts. – Forget charts, will ya? | -不了 我还得分析股市走向 -得了吧 管他怎么走 |
[22:12] | We’re not fund managers. Churn ’em and burn ’em! | 我们又不是基金管理人 管他买卖赚赔 手续费照样抽 |
[22:15] | I am offering you the Knicks and chicks. | 我让你看球赛 把美眉 |
[22:18] | God help you before you turn into poor Steeples over there. | 你别变得跟那个可怜鬼一样 |
[22:23] | Preferably Lou Mannheim. | 要的话我也宁愿选卢 |
[22:26] | Yeah, nice guy, but he’s a loser. | 对 他是个好好先生 不过是个窝囊废 |
[22:28] | He lost all his equity when the firm went belly-up in ’71. | 71年的经济萧条害公司破产 他所在公司的投资全赔光了 |
[22:32] | You wanna be in your sixties still pitching? | 你会想在这里待到快70岁却仍得求人家买股票吗 |
[22:35] | Hey, Buddy, whatever happened to that cute analyst at Thudder and Wicks? | 那个闪威的可爱分析师呢 |
[22:40] | Cindy. Having sex with her was like reading the Wall Street Journal. | 辛蒂 和她上床就像看华尔街日报一样无聊 |
[22:44] | – She had a heartbeat. – You wanna bet? | -她至少还有心跳 -你要赌吗 |
[22:46] | I gotta get to work. Zs today. | 我要上工了 还得开发客源 |
[22:50] | Call for you, Buddy! Pick up two! | 巴德 有你的电话 2线 |
[22:55] | – Bud Fox. – All right, Bud Fox. | -我是福巴德 -好了 福巴德 |
[22:58] | I want you to buy 20,000 shares of Bluestar… | 我要你在15.125时 买进2万股蓝星股票 |
[23:02] | ..at fifteen and an eighth, three-eighths tops. | 上限是15.375 |
[23:07] | And don’t screw it up, sport. | 你可别搞砸了 |
[23:10] | – Think you can handle that? – Yes, sir! Thank you. You won’t regret this. | -你能处理吗 -能 谢谢您 您不会后悔的 |
[23:16] | Whoo! Marv, I just bagged the elephant! | 马文 我逮到大户了 |
[23:21] | Gekko? | 盖柯 |
[23:57] | – Hiya, sport. – Nice to see you again, Mr Gekko. | -你好吗 -盖柯先生 很高兴再见到你 |
[24:00] | Try the steak tartare. It’s off the menu. Louis’ll make it for you. | 试试鞑靼生牛排 菜单里没有 路易斯将为你准备 |
[24:03] | – Of course, sir. Anything to drink? – Just an Evian, please. | -当然 您要喝点什么吗 -艾维雅矿泉水就好 |
[24:08] | Hey, see this? Can you believe it? It’s got a two-inch screen. | 你看到这个没 你相信吗两英寸的荧幕 |
[24:13] | I can hardly see it. | 我几乎都看不见了 |
[24:16] | It’s for my kid…Rudy. Three years old, he’s an electronics freak. | 这是给我儿子鲁迪的 才3岁 却已迷上电子新产品 |
[24:20] | We’re going into a new age, pal. | 我们正在进入一个新纪元 |
[24:23] | So how’s business today? | 你今天的生意如何 |
[24:25] | Great. Bluestar was at 17 1/4 when I left the office. Up from 15. | 好极了 我离开公司时蓝星是17.25元 从15一路上升 |
[24:30] | Might spin up to 18 by the bell. | 收盘前也许会飚到18 |
[24:32] | Teldar’s shooting up. Did you buy any for yourself? | 泰达也涨了 你有帮自己买吗 |
[24:36] | I bet you were on the phone two minutes after you got out of my office. | 我猜你一离开我办公室 就急忙打电话买进 |
[24:41] | No, sir, that wouldn’t have been legal. | 没有 那是不合法的 |
[24:44] | Sure. Relax, pal. No one’s gonna blow the whistle on you. | 那当然 你别紧张 又没有人会检举你 |
[24:50] | Is that legal? Why don’t you put that in my account? | 这个合法吗 把这笔钱放到我的帐户里 |
[24:54] | – Hey, Gordon! – Georgie! The cellular king! How you been? | -戈登你好吗 -手机大王乔治 你好吗 |
[24:58] | – Monique, nice to see you, my dear. – Hello, Gordon. | -莫妮卡 你好 -你好 戈登 |
[25:01] | – You look wonderful. – You’re looking very well yourself. | -你气色很好 -你也很美丽 |
[25:05] | And Mr Davis… | 这是戴维斯先生 |
[25:08] | Can I get the check here, please? For chrissakes! | 我要买单 老天啊 |
[25:12] | Cover that Bluestar buy. Put 2h thou on 1 of those bow-wow stocks you mentioned. | 你不如帮我盖掉买蓝星的事 买进几千元你提过的烂股票 |
[25:17] | Pick the dog with the least fleas. Use a stop-loss, so your downside’s 100 thou. | 再找支不算太差的股票 事先约定抛售底价 最多损失也才10万 |
[25:23] | And buy a decent suit. You can’t come in here looking like this. | 再去买套像样的西装 你到这来 不能穿成那样子 |
[25:27] | Go to Morty Sills. Tell him I sent you. | 去席摩蒂 就说是我介绍的 |
[25:29] | Yes, sir. Thank you, Mr Gekko. Thank you for the chance. You will not regret this. | 遵命 谢谢您 盖柯先生 谢谢您给我这个机会 您不会后悔的 |
[25:34] | You’re with a winner. | 您和赢家在一起 |
[25:36] | Right… right… | 没错 |
[25:39] | Put the rest of the money in a tax-free fund. | 剩下的钱放在免税的共同基金 |
[25:41] | I wanna see how you do before I invest it. | 我在投资前要先看你的表现 |
[25:44] | And save the cheap salesman talk. It’s obvious. | 还有 别再用业务员那副嘴脸 太明显了 |
[25:47] | – Excuse me, sir? – You heard me. | -您说什么 -你听到了 |
[25:50] | I don’t like losses, sport. Nothing ruins my day more than losses. | 我不喜欢赔钱 一天中最差的就是赔钱 |
[25:54] | Now you do good… you get perks. | 你好好做就有甜头 |
[25:58] | Lots and lots of perks. | 尝不完的甜头 |
[26:01] | – Louis, take care of my friend. – Thank you, sir. | -路易斯好好招待我的朋友 -谢谢您 |
[26:05] | Have a good lunch, Buddy. | 好好享用午餐 巴德 |
[26:08] | Hi, Richard. | 你好 查理 |
[26:40] | Hi, Bud. | 嗨 巴德 |
[26:42] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[26:43] | I’m Lisa. A friend of Gordon’s. | 我是莉莎 戈登的朋友 |
[26:48] | Lisa? Gordon? Oh, oh, Mr Gekko. Sure. | 莉莎戈登 喔 是盖柯先生 没错 |
[26:53] | Uh, would you like to come in? | 你要进来吗 |
[26:56] | Didn’t he tell you? | 他事先没跟你说过 |
[26:58] | Oh, that’s so like Gordon. | 戈登就是这样 |
[27:01] | Why don’t you get dressed? We’re going out. | 你先去穿个衣服 我们要出去 |
[27:06] | We are? | 出去 |
[27:26] | So… where are we going? | 我们要去哪里 |
[27:28] | Wherever you like. | 你想去哪都行 |
[27:31] | Lutece. 21. The River Cafe. | 路塔斯街21号 河岸咖啡 |
[27:36] | Or maybe we could just… | 或者我们可以 |
[27:39] | ..drive around for a while. | 先兜风风 |
[27:43] | Work up an appetite. | 好培养一下胃口 |
[27:49] | Want some? | 要来一点吗 |
[27:56] | Gordon tells me that you’re a very talented broker. | 戈登说你是很有天分的营业员 |
[28:01] | What do you like? | 你喜欢什么 |
[28:04] | Like? Well… | 喜欢 |
[28:06] | I’ve got this guy who tells me to buy Hewlett-Packard,… | 我有个朋友要我买惠普 |
[28:10] | ..but I’ve been burned on tips. | 但我每听朋友建议必定赔钱 |
[28:13] | Uh… Hewlett. Now, let’s see. It closed at 41 1/4. | 惠普 我看看 收盘是41.25元 |
[28:18] | Up an eighth. Very attractive. | 今天涨了0.125 很吸引人 |
[28:22] | About, uh… average yield. | 获利平稳 |
[28:25] | Very attractive. | 很吸引人 |
[28:27] | Rising profits. | 有升值空间 |
[28:30] | Strong balance sheet. | 公司没有负债 |
[28:32] | You’re hot on this stock. | 你对股票很热衷嘛 |
[28:34] | Uh… It’s ready to take off. | 后势看好 |
[28:37] | I’d jump all over it if I were you. | 我要是你 一定扑上去 |
[28:42] | – Good morning, Carolyn. – Morning. You look happy. | -早 卡洛琳 -早 巴德 你看起来很乐 |
[28:45] | – Any better and I’d be guilty. – You were never innocent, sugar pie. | -再乐的话我就罪过了 -你哪有那么天真 |
[28:50] | How do you know? You wish! | 你怎么知道 你巴不得知道 |
[30:09] | Goddamn! We sure went down the toilet on that ugly bitch! | 该死 那档股票把我们害惨了 |
[30:14] | Oh, Buddy! Mr Gekko’s office is looking for you. Be at the Wyatt Club courts at six. | 巴德盖柯先生办公室来电 要你6点到怀悦俱乐部 |
[30:31] | Come on, sport. You gotta try harder. | 加油 你得加把劲 |
[30:34] | I need some exercise, for chrissakes. | 需要多运动 |
[30:39] | – I don’t think I can go on, Mr Gekko. – Push yourself. Finish out the game. | -盖柯先生 我打不动了 -再来 巴德 逼自己打完 |
[30:45] | It’s a very nice club, Mr Gekko. | 这家俱乐部很好 |
[30:49] | Not bad for a City College boy. | 对你这城市大学生来说是不错 |
[30:53] | Bought my way in. | 我花了大笔钞票才进得来 |
[30:54] | Now all these Ivy League schmucks are sucking my kneecaps. | 现在那些长春藤联盟的毕业生个个看到我都得打躬作揖 |
[30:59] | I just got on the board of the Bronx Zoo. | 我刚成为布朗克斯动物园的董事会成员 |
[31:02] | It cost me a mil. | 这花了我一百万 |
[31:06] | That’s the thing you gotta remember about WASPs. | 英裔新教徒的白种人有个特点 |
[31:08] | They love animals, but they can’t stand people. | 他们喜欢动物 跟人却处不来 |
[31:14] | Uh, Mr Gekko,… | 盖柯先生 |
[31:17] | ..we took a little loss today. | 我们今天赔了一点儿 |
[31:20] | We got stopped out on Terafly. About a hundred grand. | 泰勒菲跌到了约定卖价 赔了大概10万元 |
[31:29] | Well, I guess your dad’s not a union representative of that company, huh? | 我想你父亲不是那公司的工会代表吧 |
[31:34] | How do you know about my father? | 你怎么知道我爸的事 |
[31:37] | The most valuable commodity I know of is information. | 最有价值的商品就是情报 |
[31:42] | Wouldn’t you agree? | 你说是不是 |
[31:52] | The public’s out there throwing darts at a board, sport. | 外面的人买股票是用猜的 |
[31:57] | I don’t throw darts at a board. I bet on sure things. | 我可不会乱枪打鸟 我只做有把握的事 |
[32:03] | Read Sun Tzu, The Art of War. | 孙子兵法中说到 |
[32:06] | “Every battle is won before it’s ever fought.” | 不战而屈人之兵 |
[32:11] | Think about it. | 你好好想想 |
[32:13] | You’re not as smart as I thought you were. | 你没有我想像中聪明 |
[32:16] | You ever wonder why fund managers can’t beat the S&P 500? | 你有没有想过为何基金管理人打不过史坦普500股价指数 |
[32:20] | Cos they’re sheep. And sheep get slaughtered. | 因为他们是绵羊 绵羊就是要被宰的 |
[32:25] | I’ve been in this business since ’69. | 我从69年就入行了 |
[32:28] | Most of these Harvard MBA types don’t add up to dogshit. | 哈佛大学的工商管理硕士多数比狗屎还不如 |
[32:32] | You need guys that are poor, smart and hungry. And no feelings. | 这一行需要开窍的聪明人 要够饥渴 还要冷血 |
[32:37] | You win a few, you lose a few, but you keep on fighting. | 有输有赢 但要一直奋战下去 |
[32:41] | And if you need a friend, get a dog. It’s trench warfare out there, pal. | 若你需要朋友 就养条狗吧 外面的世界是场近身战 |
[32:46] | – Hey, Georgie. – Hey, Gordon. | -乔治 -戈登 |
[32:48] | – How’s Larchmont treating you? – Fine. How’s the Praxar deal going? | -你在拉赤蒙住得好吗 -很好 派克沙的案子如何 |
[32:52] | – You should know, pal. – Asshole! | -你自己知道 -混蛋 |
[32:57] | And inside here, too. | 在这里也一样 |
[33:00] | I got 20 other brokers analysing charts, pal. I don’t need another one. | 我已经有20个营业员在分析股市走向 我不需要再多请一个 |
[33:06] | See you around, Buddy. | 后会有期 |
[33:08] | I am notjust another broker, Mr Gekko. | 盖柯先生 我不只是个营业员 |
[33:11] | If you give me another chance, I’ll prove it. | 若你再给我一次机会 我会证明给你看 |
[33:14] | I’ll go the extra yard for you. Just one more chance, Mr Gekko. Please! | 我会为你两肋插刀 只要你再给我一次机会 求求你 |
[33:18] | Want another chance? Then stop sending me information, and start getting me some. | 你还要一个机会 那就别再给我情报 开始去帮我找情报 |
[33:25] | Get dressed. I’ll show you my charts. | 把衣服穿好 我带你去看我的分析 |
[33:32] | – You know the name? – Of course, Larry Wildman, one of the first raiders. | -知道他名字吗 -当然 赖瑞·怀曼 蓄谋投资者的前辈之一 |
[33:36] | Sir Larry Wildman. Like all Brits, thinks he was born with a better pot to piss in. | 赖瑞·怀曼爵士 英国人全都一个样 自命清高 |
[33:41] | Bribed an old secretary of mine to open her mouth. | 用钱收买我的秘书 刺探军情 |
[33:44] | Stole RDL Pharmaceuticals right from under me. | 偷走我方与药厂的交易 |
[33:47] | Wildman, the “White Knight”. | 正义使者怀曼 |
[33:49] | I remember that deal. You were involved, Mr Gekko? | 我记得那笔交易 盖柯先生 你有参与吗 |
[33:53] | Payback time. | 报仇的时候到了 |
[33:55] | See that building? I bought that building ten years ago. | 你看到那栋大楼了吗 那是我10年前买下的 |
[33:58] | My first real-estate deal. | 投资的第一笔房地产 |
[34:00] | Sold it two years later. Made an $800,000 profit. | 两年后卖掉 赚了80万 |
[34:06] | It was better than sex. | 这比起做爱还要棒 |
[34:08] | At the time I thought that was all the money in the world. Now it’s a day’s pay. | 我当时以为那已是天文数字 而如今那只是我的一日所得 |
[34:14] | Anyway, I had a mole in Wildman’s operation. | 总之 我在怀曼那边有人卧底 |
[34:18] | – He gave me half the picture, then got fired. – I don’t think I follow you. | -他的工作只做了一半就被解雇了 -我听不太懂 |
[34:23] | Wildman’s in town. He just became an American citizen. | 怀曼人在本地 他刚成为美国公民 |
[34:27] | Something big is going down, OK? | 有大生意在进行 |
[34:30] | I wanna know where he goes, what he sees. | 我要知道他去哪里 见哪些人 |
[34:32] | I want you, pal, to fill out the missing picture. | 我要你把大局给拼凑出来 |
[34:38] | Mr Gekko, it’s not exactly what I do. I could lose my licence. | 盖柯先生 我不是做这种事的 我的执照可能因此被吊销 |
[34:42] | lf the SEC found out, I could go to jail. That’s inside information, isn’t it? | 若被证管会发现 我还得坐牢 这是内线消息 对吧 |
[34:48] | Like when a father tells his son about a court ruling on an airline? | 你是指像父亲对儿子说有关航空公司官司胜诉的事 |
[34:52] | Or someone overhears I’m buying Teldar, and decides he’s gonna buy some? | 还是有人无意听到我要买泰达 他也决定自己买一点儿 |
[34:57] | Or the chairman of the board of XYZ decides it’s time to blow out XYZ? | 又或是某司的董事会主席决定炒作公司新上市的股票 |
[35:02] | ls that what you mean? | 你是这个意思 |
[35:07] | Unless your father’s on the board of directors of another company,… | 除非你父亲换一家公司做 |
[35:12] | ..you and I are gonna have a very tough time doing business together. | 不然你我就很难做生意 |
[35:16] | – What about hard work? – What about it? You work hard? | -那么卖命呢 -卖命怎么样 你工作很卖命吗 |
[35:19] | Bet you stayed up analysing that stock you gave me. Where’d it get you? | 我打赌你熬夜分析那些要我买的烂股对吧 你又能得了什么好处 |
[35:24] | My father worked like an elephant till he dropped dead at 49 with a heart attack. | 我父亲每天工作得死去活来 却在49岁就心脏病发而死 |
[35:29] | Wake up, will ya, pal? | 醒醒吧 朋友 |
[35:31] | lf you’re not inside, you are outside, OK? | 若你不是局内人 你就是出局了 |
[35:34] | I’m not talking about some $400,000-a-year Wall Street stiff,… | 我不是指那些年薪40万在华尔街讨生活的老古板 |
[35:38] | ..flying first class and being comfortable. I’m talking about liquid. | 坐坐头等舱 生活舒适就算了 我说的可是大笔的现金 |
[35:43] | Rich enough to have your own jet. | 有钱到可以自己买飞机 |
[35:46] | Rich enough not to waste time. | 有钱到不会浪费时间 |
[35:49] | Fifty, a hundred million dollars, Buddy. | 我说的不是5千万 就是1亿 |
[35:53] | A player,… | 做不成真正的玩家 |
[35:55] | ..or nothing. | 就只能当无名小卒 |
[35:58] | Now you had what it took to get into my office. | 你有进我办公室的能耐 |
[36:02] | The real question is whether you got what it takes to stay. | 重点是你有无能耐留下来 |
[36:10] | Look at that. | 你看那边 |
[36:11] | You’re gonna tell me the difference between this guy and that guy is luck? | 你能说这两个人的区别 只在于运气吗 |
[36:18] | Mohammed, pull over. | 莫哈马 靠边停 |
[36:20] | If you don’t mind, I’m gonna drop you off here. I’m late. | 不介意的话我就放你在这下车 我快迟到了 |
[36:24] | Buddy, it’s been nice meeting you, OK? | 巴德 幸会了 |
[36:49] | All right, Mr Gekko. | 好吧 盖柯先生 |
[36:53] | You got me. | 你说动我了 |
[37:56] | Excuse me, please. | 借过 |
[37:58] | Excuse me. | 借过 |
[38:15] | I’m sorry, sir. Do you have a reservation? | 对不起 您订位了吗 |
[38:17] | – Uh, table for one. – Excuse me. Reservations only. We’re booked for a week. | -一个人的位子 -不好意思我们只接受订位 整个星期都订满了 |
[38:21] | All right. Don’t touch. | 好 你别推 |
[38:51] | Everything ready, sir. | 都帮您准备好了 |
[39:09] | Excuse me! Is Mr Wildman on board that plane? | 不好意思 怀曼先生在那班机上吗 |
[39:13] | Shit! My boss is gonna kill me! I’m supposed to give him this. | 糟糕 我老板会宰了我 我本该要把这个交给他的 |
[39:17] | – You know where that plane is going? – Erie, Pennsylvania. | -你知那班飞机的目的地吗 -宾州的伊利 |
[39:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[39:23] | After spending the morning at Kahn Seidelman in the junk-bond department,… | 早上在康赛德的垃圾债券部待着 |
[39:29] | ..he had lunch at that restaurant, Le Circus, with some well-dressed bean counters. | 和一群衣冠楚楚的中阶经理人在那家法国餐厅吃了中饭 |
[39:34] | He later stopped off at Morgan. I’d say from all the smiling and palm-pressing | 稍后在摩根信托待了一会 从脸上的笑容和握手的热络情形看 |
[39:39] | ..Larry got himself some nice fat financing, GG. | 赖瑞应该拿到了条件优厚的融资 |
[39:42] | Bright, but not bright enough, Sherlock. Roll the dice and play Monopoly. | 很聪明 但还不够聪明 福尔摩斯 让我们掷掷骰子 玩点大富翁 |
[39:46] | What box is Sir Larry gonna land on in Erie, Pennsylvania? | 赖瑞爵士去宾州的伊利干嘛 |
[39:52] | Jesus Christ! He’s buying Anacott Steel. | 天啊 他要买安纳克钢铁公司的股票 |
[39:55] | OK. When the market opens tomorrow, I want you to buy 1500 July 50 calls. | 好 等明天开市 我要你买1千5百股安纳克钢铁 |
[40:03] | – You hear me? – 1500 Yes, sir. | -你听到了吗 -1千5百股 是 |
[40:05] | And start buying 1,000-share blocks and take it up to $50. | 然后再买1千股巨额股票 上限是50元 |
[40:10] | When it reaches 50, give out a little taste to your friends. | 当涨到50元时就放出消息给你朋友吃点甜头 |
[40:14] | Then I want you to call the Wall Street Chronicle, extension 1605. | 然后我要你去电华尔街记事报 分机1605 |
[40:20] | You tell the man “Blue Horseshoe loves Anacott Steel”. | 你告诉那个人 蓝色马蹄爱安纳克钢铁 |
[40:25] | – You got that? – The Wall Street Chronicle. | -你听懂了吗 -华尔街记事报 |
[40:27] | All right. Congratulations, Buddy. You scored. I’ll talk at ya. | 好 恭喜 巴德 你得分了 再联络 |
[40:35] | Start buying Anacott Steel across the board. | 开始全面买进安纳克钢铁股 |
[40:38] | Use the offshore accounts. | 用海外帐户的名义 |
[40:41] | And keep it quiet. | 别声张出去 |
[40:51] | Frank, 10,000 ANC at 46. Let me know how the options are opening, OK? | 法兰克 46元买进1万股安纳克钢铁 购买权开放时要通知我 |
[40:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[41:01] | Jackson Steinem! | 杰史证券 |
[41:06] | – How is Anacott Steel? – 5 3/4, 6.2,000 up. | 安纳克钢铁现价多少 -最高买价是45.75 最低卖价是46 |
[41:09] | – Six at 10,000. – I’ll sell you 2,000. | -46买1万股 -我卖你两万股 |
[41:12] | That’s not what I said. I said 20,000 shares. | 安纳克钢铁我是说两万股 |
[41:24] | Anacott trades at six. | 安纳克 46元买进 |
[41:27] | – 8,000 at a quarter? – I’ll take 8,000. | -48.25再卖8千股 -我买了 |
[41:30] | Make it six to a half, 2,000 up. | 两千股 最高买价是46 |
[41:34] | I know what time it is, and this is what I’m saying. | 对 我知道现在是几点 我就是要跟你说这件事 |
[41:37] | We have important financial news, Mr Erlich, | 厄先生我们有重要的财经消息 |
[41:40] | that just happens to concern your future. | 这个消息事关你的未来 |
[41:43] | You could benefit… What’s going on? | 你可以赚上 这是怎么回事 |
[41:46] | Anacott Steel. Put your best customers in it. | 安纳克钢铁一路狂飚 叫你最好的客户大笔买进 |
[41:52] | Lou, I got a sure thing. | 卢 我报你一支稳当的股票 |
[41:55] | Anacott Steel. | 安纳克钢铁 |
[41:57] | No such thing, except death and taxes. | 除了死亡和税赋之外 没有稳当的事 |
[42:00] | Not a good company any more. No fundamentals. | 那家公司现在不行了毫无基本面可言 |
[42:04] | What’s goin’ on, Bud? | 怎么了 巴德 |
[42:08] | You know something? | 你知道吗 |
[42:11] | Remember, there are no short cuts, son. | 记住 这是没有捷径的 |
[42:15] | Quick-buck artists come and go with every bull market. | 炒短线的人只会跟牛市一起陪葬 |
[42:18] | The steady players make it through the bear markets. | 做长期的玩家才能挨过熊市 |
[42:21] | You’re a part of something here, Bud. | 巴德 你是这里的一员 |
[42:23] | The money you make for people creates science and research jobs. Don’t sell that out. | 你赚来的钱养活了股市分析的人才 你可别出卖了这一点 |
[42:28] | You’re right, but you gotta get to the big time first, then you can do good things. | 你说的对 但你先得壮大自己 到时才能去做善事 |
[42:33] | – You can’t get a little bit pregnant, son. – Lou, trust me. It’s a winner. Buy it. | -孩子 这是没有中间路线的 -卢 相信我 这档股票稳赚不赔 |
[42:40] | We’ll kamikaze over to Nell’s, chase some cotton underwear. | 我们去那家店疯狂把美眉 |
[42:44] | I know this 18-year-old bimbette that’s gorgeous. Hold on. | 我知道这个18岁的妞 胸大无脑 可火辣了 等下 |
[42:48] | – Play tennis Saturday? – Can’t. Fly-fishing in Canada. Real big client. | -星期6打网球不 -不 我要去加拿钓大鱼 这个客户很重要 |
[42:54] | – Take Anacott? – Light snack, but good. Thanks, pal. | -你有买安纳克吗 -赚了一点 还不赖 谢啦 |
[42:56] | You’re sharking your way up. | 你认真在力争上游了 |
[43:00] | No, no, my dear, you’ve got to diversify. | 不 亲爱的 你得分散投资风险 |
[43:03] | l got a sure thing. Anacott Steel. | 我有可靠的消息 安纳克钢铁 |
[43:06] | I’ve just heard the most lovely two words. | 我刚听到我最爱的话 |
[43:10] | Blue Horseshoe loves Anacott Steel. | 蓝色马蹄爱安纳克钢铁 |
[43:13] | Anacott Steel. | 安纳克钢铁 |
[43:29] | Looks like Anacott Steel’s in play. Check the ARBs. | 看来安纳克钢铁有大批买气 去探探套利业者 |
[43:35] | Looks like it’s being accumulated. | 买气旺盛 我们已进场了 |
[43:38] | Lou? Anacott. I buy. Yeah. Take it and bid it. | 卢对 我要买安纳克 全力买进 |
[43:44] | Quarters won’t matter. Keep taking Anacott. | 若我没猜错的话 涨个几毛钱也照买 |
[43:46] | This is special. Anacott. Paint the tape. | 安纳康很特别 一直有人进场 |
[43:49] | – Bet the ranch. – Buy 100,000 shares. | -能买多少就买多少 -买10万股 |
[43:52] | – Wildman is sniffing around. – It’s on automatic pilot to the moon. | -怀曼起疑心了 -自然会的 |
[43:54] | – If it hits 75, we’ll clean 24 mil. – Relax, pal. | -若涨到75元 我们就净赚2千4百万 -朋友 稍安勿躁 |
[43:58] | First les in this busi. Don’t get emotional about stock. It clouds the judgment. | 这一行的第1课就是 别对股票情绪化 这会蒙蔽你的判断力 |
[44:02] | Which closed at 5 1/8, up 5 1/8 | 安纳克钢铁在今日成交量旺盛 终场以51.125作收 |
[44:05] | from yesterday’s close on heavy trading. | 相较于昨天的收盘价 上涨了5.125 |
[44:23] | Can I help you? | 我能效劳吗 |
[44:25] | Yes, I’m Bud Fox. I have some papers for Mr Gekko to sign. | 我是福巴德 我有些文件要给盖柯先生签名 |
[44:28] | – Come in. – Thank you. | -请进 -谢谢 |
[44:32] | – I’m sorry about this, Mr Gekko. – It’s all right. It’s OK. | -盖柯先生 我很抱歉 -没关系 |
[44:37] | You wanna wait here? | 你要在这里等吗 |
[44:40] | Problems? | 有什么问题 |
[44:41] | No problem. This is Bud Fox. My wife, Kate. | 没有问题 这是福巴德 这是凯 我太太 |
[44:44] | – Hello. You came out from the city? – Yes, ma’am. | -你是从市区过来的 -是的 夫人 |
[44:47] | Ah, long drive. You want a drink? | 很长的一段路 你要喝点酒吗 |
[44:50] | Yeah, you want a drink? Um… sure. | 对 喝点酒 你要喝什 |
[44:53] | – If you’d rather not. – No, come on. Have a drink. | -还是不喝了 -别这样 喝杯酒 |
[44:56] | Get to meet all the people. It’s a good idea. | 顺便认识一下大家 |
[45:00] | We got Sam Ruspoli, Carmen Winters, Stone Livingston. This is Bud Fox. | 罗山姆 温卡门 林史东 这是福巴德 |
[45:05] | His illustrious wife, Muffie. | 他出名的老婆玛菲 |
[45:07] | Candice Rogers, Dick Brady. Darien Taylor. All old friends. | 罗甘迪 巴迪克 戴玲 全都是老朋友 |
[45:12] | Hi. | 你好 |
[45:18] | Great idea, Gordon. | 这个主意不错 戈登 |
[45:19] | I know good help is hard to find, but can it create a dry vodka martini? | 我知道好帮手难找 但它会调马丁尼吗 |
[45:24] | It doesn’t talk back or steal the silverware. | 它不会顶嘴 不偷餐具 |
[45:27] | And Dick here is gonna get me an exemption, aren’t you? | 迪克还能用它帮我节税对吧 |
[45:30] | I’m in St Kitts with this new Kamali leopard-skin V-cut bikini,… | 我在圣克里斯多福岛穿着这新款豹皮比基尼 |
[45:36] | ..which is gonna turn back the clock on my marriage five years. Know what I mean? | 让我的婚姻像是回到5年前 你明白我的意思吗 |
[45:41] | Call for you, sir. Sir Lawrence Wildman. He says it’s important. | 先生 有您的电话 是赖瑞怀曼爵士 他说有要事 |
[45:45] | Thank you, Nyung. | 谢谢 尼扬 |
[45:47] | Would you fix Mr Livingston another martini? Stick around. This could be fun. | 再帮林先生调杯马丁尼 留下来 会很好玩的 |
[45:51] | It’s all because this Ukrainian bitch botched the job on my wax on my bikini line. | 原来这全怪那个乌克兰贱人 她在我身上涂错了药 |
[45:56] | How ghastly! Sue her. | 真可怕 你应该告她的 |
[45:59] | – Larry, what a surprise! – I want to see you, Gordon. | -赖瑞 真是意外 -戈登 我要见你 |
[46:02] | Can it wait till tomorrow? I got people here. | 能等到明天吗 我现在得招待客人 |
[46:04] | – No, this can’t wait. It’s important. – OK. If you feel that way, come on over. | -不能等 是很重要的事 -好吧 若是这样的话 你过来吧 |
[46:12] | Ah! There you are! Can I steal him for a minute? | 原来你在这里 我可以借用他一下吗 |
[46:15] | – Of course. – I want your opinion. | -当然 -我要听你的意见 |
[46:25] | So what do you see in this? | 你在这幅画中看到了什么 |
[46:32] | Purity. lnnocence. | 纯洁 天真 |
[46:36] | A few thousand dollars down the tubes, if you ask me. | 我倒觉得是浪费了几千块 |
[46:40] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[46:42] | You can kiss your career as an art appraiser goodbye. | 那你这辈子别想当艺评家了 |
[46:46] | We paid over 400,000 for it at the contemporary picture sale last June. | 这是我们去年在当代画展上花了40万才买到的 |
[46:50] | Jesus, you could’ve had a whole beach house for that! | 天呀 这笔钱都能买海边别墅了 |
[46:53] | Sure you could. In Wildwood, New Jersey. | 当然可以 不过是在纽泽西的威德坞 |
[46:58] | If you sold this one, you could have a nice penthouse on Fifth. | 若是卖了这幅画 你可以在第5大道买间不错的顶楼公寓 |
[47:03] | You wouldn’t have much left over for decoration. | 不过剩下的钱可能不够装潢 |
[47:06] | It’s nice, if you’re on mushrooms. | 若你吸了毒 这幅画还不错 |
[47:08] | I thought Gordon was a tough businessman. He sure has taken a bath on that. | 我真觉得戈登是个强悍生意人 但这会使他赔钱的 |
[47:13] | A bath? I’d say Gordon is one of the most astute collectors around. | 赔钱 我会说戈登是最精明的收藏家 |
[47:19] | He has a great eye, and he only buys the best. | 他的眼光独到 只买最好的 |
[47:23] | Like this rug, for instance. A Bokhara. It’s the finest of its kind. | 就拿这张地毯来说吧 这是俄罗斯顶级的布卡拉地毯 |
[47:28] | After he bought it, a dealer representing the Saudi royal family… | 在他买下后就有阿拉伯皇室的代表 |
[47:32] | ..offered him twice what he paid. It absolutely makes the room. | 出双倍的价钱要他割爱 这地毯让这屋子有了生气 |
[47:37] | See how this bit of celadon in the border is picked up by these cushions? | 看这些沙发上的坐垫 恰好凸显了这灰绿色的边饰 |
[47:42] | Although it’s a sacrilege having that Etruscan vase on the table. | 尽管在咖啡桌的中央摆上伊特鲁里亚花瓶是种亵渎 |
[47:46] | Some dope might use it as an ashtray. | 也许哪个呆瓜会把它当成烟灰缸来用 |
[47:49] | – I guess you’re a decorator? – You got it. | -我猜你是室内设计师 -猜对了 |
[47:52] | A great spender of other people’s money. | 慷他人之慨的高手 |
[47:55] | If you’re that good, I’m sure you can do wonders with my place. | 若你真的这么内行 我家等着你来化腐朽为神奇 |
[47:59] | – Where would that be? – Upper West Side. | -你家在哪里 -上西区 |
[48:02] | Really? Home of the exposed brick wall and the houseplant? | 真的就是那室外砖块暴露室内种满盆栽的地方 |
[48:07] | It’s just a rental. I’ll be moving to the East Side soon. | 那只是租来的房子 我很快就会搬去东区 |
[48:10] | Some deals brewing with Gordon. | 我跟戈登正在酝酿几笔生意 |
[48:13] | But that’s just conversation. What about real things? | 这只是题外话 我们来说点真格的 |
[48:16] | Like dinner? The two of us… next Friday? Cafe Santo Domingo. | 好比就我们俩共进晚餐 下周5如何在圣多明哥咖啡店 |
[48:22] | What if I have a previous engagement? | 若我已经有约在先了呢 |
[48:25] | You break it. | 那你就去取消掉 |
[48:27] | There you go again, Darien. Talking with strange men. | 戴玲 你老毛病又犯了 净跟陌生人讲话 |
[48:31] | Hello. Sam, do you know Bud Fox? Sam is in banking. | 你好 山姆 你认识福巴德吗 山姆在银行界做事 |
[48:36] | – Works for Gordon. – Nice meeting you. | -巴德在替戈登做事 -幸会 |
[48:39] | – Are you staying for dinner? – No, I have work to do. | -你要留下来吃晚饭吗 -不 我还有很多事要做 |
[48:43] | Ah. The bell. | 有人按门铃 |
[48:48] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[48:51] | Call me next week. I’ll give you an estimate. | 下周给我电话 我替你估个价 |
[48:58] | – Larry, how have you been? – Fine. Travelling, actually. | -赖瑞 你最近好吗 -很好 都在旅游 |
[49:02] | – Can I get you a drink? – No, thank you. | -你要喝点酒吗 -不了 谢谢 |
[49:04] | Larry! Excuse me. Sir Larry. | 赖瑞 不好意思 是赖瑞爵士 |
[49:08] | How are ya? Goddamn, you look great! | 你好吗 你气色真他妈的好 |
[49:12] | – Gordon. – So you wanna talk. | -戈登 -你想聊聊是吧 |
[49:15] | – I’ll be heading back now, Mr Gekko. – Stick around. | -盖柯先生 我想先回去了 -留下来 |
[49:19] | This is one of my gang. Bud Fox. | 他是我的一员大将 福巴德 |
[49:24] | Shall we go upstairs? | 我们上楼去好吗 |
[49:38] | The rarest pistol in the world, Larry. | 赖瑞 这是世上最罕见的手枪 |
[49:41] | A .45 Luger. | 鲁格点45手枪 |
[49:43] | Only six of ’em were ever manufactured. | 只做了6把 |
[49:48] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[49:51] | Rarer still is your interest in Anacott Steel. | 更罕见的是你竟然对安纳克钢铁有兴趣 |
[49:54] | My interest is the same as yours. Money. it’d be a good invest for my kid. | 我的兴趣和你一样是钱 赖瑞 这笔投资对我的孩子不错 |
[49:59] | No, this time I’m in for the long term. | 不 这次我是做长期的 |
[50:01] | It’s not a liquidation. I’m gonna turn it around. | 我不是想变现图利 我要让这公司起死回生 |
[50:05] | You’re getting a free ride on my tail, mate. | 你这一搅和 可把我害惨了 |
[50:08] | With the dollars you’re costing me to buy back stock, I could modernise the plant. | 我花在买回你手上股票的钱原本可拿来让工厂现代化 |
[50:13] | I’m not the only one who pays here, Gordon. | 戈登 付出代价的可不只是我 |
[50:16] | We’re talking about lives and jobs. Four generations of steelworkers… | 还有那一群员工的生计 3 4代的钢铁工人 |
[50:20] | Correct me if I’m wrong, | 若我说错 请更正我 |
[50:22] | but when you got CNX Electronics, you laid off 6,000 workers. | 当你接收那家电子公司的时候 遣散了多少人6千名工人 |
[50:27] | Jemson Fruit, 4,000. That airline you bought, um… | 还有简森果业呢 4千人 你买下的航空公司 |
[50:30] | I could break you, mate. In two pieces over my knees. | 我可以让你死无葬身之地 |
[50:35] | You know it. I know it. | 你我都心知肚明 |
[50:37] | I could buy you six times over. | 我可以买下6个你都还有剩 |
[50:40] | I could dump the stockjust to burn your arse! | 我可以抛光安纳克的股票 让你血本无归 |
[50:44] | But I happen to want the company, and I want your block of shares. | 不过我正好想要那家公司 而我也要买回你所有的持股 |
[50:49] | I’m announcing a tender offer at 65 tomorrow. | 我明天就会宣布投标出价 价钱很好 1股65元 |
[50:52] | I’m expecting your commitment. | 我期望你能做出承诺 |
[50:57] | Showdowns bore me, Larry. Nobody wins. You can have the company. | 赖瑞 摊牌最让我厌烦 这样是两败俱伤 你可以独拿那家公司 |
[51:02] | In fact, it’ll be fun watching you and your giant ego trying to make a horse race of it. | 其实 看你这自大的家伙如何力拼其他钢铁厂还更有趣 |
[51:08] | Buddy, what’s a fair price for that stock? | 巴德 那股票的公道价是多少 |
[51:11] | The break-up value is higher. It’s worth 80. | 清盘价格更高 每股值80元 |
[51:14] | Well, we don’t want to be greedy. So what do you say to 72? | 我们不想狮子大开口 你觉得72元怎么样 |
[51:21] | You’re a two-bit pirate and greenmailer. Nothing more,… | 你这个趁火打劫的商业强盗 你太不堪了 |
[51:26] | ..Gekko. | 盖柯 |
[51:29] | Not only would you sell your mother to make a deal, you’d send her COD. | 你不但连自己的妈妈都能卖 或许还会搞出货到付款的名堂 |
[51:34] | My mail is the same colour as yours is, pal. | 你这是50步笑百步 |
[51:38] | Or at least it was until the Queen started calling you “Sir”. | 如今英女皇封你做爵士 你竟然给我抖起来了 |
[51:43] | Excuse me before I lose my temper. | 失陪了 免得我发脾气 |
[51:46] | 71? | 71块如何 |
[51:55] | Considering you brought my mother into it,… | 鉴于你把我妈也给扯了进来 |
[51:58] | ..71.50. | 71块5 |
[52:04] | Done. | 成交 |
[52:06] | You’ll hear from my lawyers tomorrow, 8am. Good night. | 我的律师明早8点会联络你 晚安 |
[52:16] | He’s right, I had to sell. The key to the game is capital reserves. | 他是对的 我必须卖掉 这一行的关键是资本准备金 |
[52:20] | If you don’t have enough, you can’t piss in the tall weeds with the big dogs. | 若是你的本钱不够 肯定玩不过财力雄厚的大户 |
[52:25] | “All warfare is based on deception.” Sun Tzu. | 兵者 诡道也 孙子兵法中说到 |
[52:29] | “lf your enemy is superior, evade him.” | 强而避之 |
[52:32] | “lf angry, irritate him.” | 怒而扰之 |
[52:34] | “lf equally matched, fight. And if not, split. Re-evaluate.” | 势均则战之 势若则避而观之 |
[52:41] | He’s learning, huh? Buddy’s learning! | 好现象 巴德在学了 |
[52:55] | Money never sleeps, pal. | 钱是永远不会睡觉的 |
[52:58] | Just made 800,000 in Hong Kong gold. It’s been wired to you. | 我才在香港金市赚了80万 我已经把钱汇给你了 |
[53:02] | Play with it. You done good, but you gotta keep doing good. | 用那笔钱去玩吧 用那笔钱去玩吧 |
[53:07] | I showed you how the game works. Now school’s out. | 我教了你这一行的游戏规则 现在课已经上完了 |
[53:11] | Mr Gekko, I’m there for you 110%. | 盖柯先生 你放一百20个心 |
[53:14] | No, no, no, no. You don’t understand. I wanna be surprised. | 不你不懂 你要让我大呼意外才行 |
[53:20] | Astonish me, pal. New info. I don’t care where or how you get it. | 让我吃惊 给我新的情报 我不管过程 |
[53:25] | Just get it. | 只问结果 |
[53:29] | My wife tells me you made a move on Darien. | 我太太告诉我你对黛玲展开了行动 |
[53:34] | Here’s some inside info for you. | 我给你一点内幕消息 |
[53:35] | That GQ type she’s going out with got big bucks,… | 她现在约会的对象是个欧洲人 活像《潇洒》杂志上的男模 |
[53:39] | ..but he’s putting her feet to sleep. | 不过那个人无聊至极 |
[53:42] | Exit visas are imminent. | 签证也快到期了 |
[53:45] | I don’t want you losing your place in line. | 我可不希望你失去先机 |
[53:50] | Ah, Jesus! | 天啊 |
[53:52] | I wish you could see this. | 我真希望你能看到这一幕 |
[53:55] | The light’s coming up. | 曙光乍现 |
[54:01] | I’ve never seen a painting that captures the beauty of the ocean… | 我从未看过一幅画能捕捉到 |
[54:05] | ..at a moment like this. | 此刻的海洋之美 |
[54:09] | I’m gonna make you rich, Bud Fox. | 福巴德 我要让你富有 |
[54:13] | Yeah. Rich enough that you can afford a girl like Darien. | 富有到可以供养黛玲这种女孩 |
[54:17] | This is your wake-up call, pal. | 这是你的起床号 |
[54:21] | Go to work. | 快去办事吧 |
[54:39] | – Fox! – Mr Barnes. | -巴德 -巴先生 |
[54:43] | Buddy D, is this deja vu? What’s it been? A year, year and a half? | 这一幕似曾相识 有多久了一年还是一年半 |
[54:47] | So, I hear you’re moving up in the world. | 我听说你很有成就 |
[54:50] | A senior associate. Not bad. Not bad. How’s Margie? | 资深合伙人 不赖嘛 玛姬怎么样 |
[54:54] | I can’t complain. I got a house in Oyster Bay, you know. | 没啥好抱怨的 我在奥伊斯特湾买了栋房子 |
[54:58] | Market treating you good? | 股市最近怎么样 |
[55:00] | – Still seeing that sexy French chick? – No. No. She asked the wrong question. | -你还在跟那性感法国妞约会 -散了 她问错了问题 |
[55:05] | – What was that? – “What are you thinking?” | -什么问题 -你在想什么 |
[55:11] | The hours are hell, but the cash is starting to tumble in. | 工作是没日没夜的 但现金一直进来 |
[55:16] | I know this guy who has an ironclad way of making money. I can’t lose or get hurt. | 我认识一个人 他赚起钱来很稳当 我没有损失也不会受害 |
[55:21] | Can’t get hurt. So does this guy have a tip for an honest lawyer? | 不会受害 这样啊 那你有啥消息可以给我这个正直的律师 |
[55:26] | Maybe. Check out Teldar Paper,… | 或许有 考虑泰达纸业 |
[55:30] | ..but don’t quote me. | 但可别说是我说的 |
[55:33] | And u? I hear you’re handling the Fairchild Foods merger and it maynot go through. | 你那边呢 听说你们正在处理费乔食品的合并案 似乎希望不大 |
[55:39] | Any surprises I haven’t read about in the Wall Street Journal? | 有啥我在华尔街日报上看不到的惊喜吗 |
[55:42] | Come on, that’s illegal. You wouldn’t wanna get me disbarred. | 得了 巴德 这是不合法的 你不想我被吊销律师执照吧 |
[55:46] | Who’s listening? Just one college buddy talking to another. | 有谁会听到 只是大学同学间的闲聊而已 |
[55:52] | – Yeah, right. – Oh, relax, Roger. | -是喔 -罗杰 你别紧张 |
[55:55] | Everybody’s doing it now. | 现在大家都这么做 |
[55:58] | But, if you don’t know, then… you don’t know. | 但是若你真不知道就算了 |
[56:08] | And if I did… | 若我知道呢 |
[56:10] | ..what’s in it for moi? | 我有什么好处 |
[56:14] | More money than you ever dreamed of. | 你作梦都想不到的大笔横财 |
[56:17] | Nobody gets hurt. | 反正没有人会受伤 |
[56:21] | You think about it. | 你考虑一下 |
[56:25] | – Let’s grab a beer. What do you say? – .. too much to do. But I’ll walk you out. | -咱们去喝杯啤酒吧 -不了 工作做不完 不过让我送你出去 |
[56:32] | The file’s on the desk, Marie. | 玛丽 资料在我桌上 |
[56:34] | Get inside my uncle’s door and the secrets of the world are yours. | 进我叔叔的办公室 那里头有所有的秘密 |
[56:38] | Lifeblood of companies… | 各个公司的命脉 |
[56:40] | Of course, you gotta go to law school first, but… | 当然你得先去上法学院才行 不过没上也无所谓 |
[57:00] | Mr Panos, I’ve been charting the growth of office space. | 潘先生 我绘制了本市办公室空间的成长图表 |
[57:04] | You’re in the right business at the right time. | 我认为你是挑对了时间入行 |
[57:07] | Thank you for tell me what I already know. | 这些我都知道了 |
[57:09] | Look, I’m very impressed with your work, and I could use a tax break. | 我对你的业务发展印象很深刻 而我也需要节税 |
[57:13] | Let me ask, what would you say to some working capital and a partner? | 我问你一件事 你想不想增加资本再找一个合伙人 |
[57:17] | Why do I need a partner? | 你怎会认为我需要合伙人 |
[57:19] | Look, you need more vans. 42 employees can’t cover the buildings you got,… | 得有更多货车才行 区区42位员工也服务不了包下的众多大楼 |
[57:23] | ..not to mention the clients we’d have together. | 更别提我们合作之后会增加多少新客户 |
[57:26] | I am an expert at identifying undervalued assets such as this business. | 你这一行的资产常被低估 我可是明眼人 |
[58:20] | The good news, Gordon, is Rorker Electronics. | 戈登 有好消息 洛克电子 |
[58:23] | That’s right. I see it happening in the next two months. | 对 我预测两个月后就会涨 |
[58:26] | Come on, their quarterlies are for shit. | 得了吧 他们的季报表一文不值 |
[58:29] | I got a little gift for you. | 我有个礼物要给你 |
[58:33] | Gordon will be very pleased. What else have you got? | 很好 戈登一定会很高兴 你还有什么 |
[58:41] | You know Marty Weidman? | 你知道马蒂吗 |
[58:43] | He netted 650G off of that merger. 26 years old, the guy’s Rambo. | 他在那项合并案中净赚65万 他才26岁 真是勇如蓝波 |
[58:47] | – He’s an asshole! – He is Rambo! | -这家伙是混蛋 -他是蓝波 |
[58:49] | He’s got a Porsche Turbo Cabriolet, about 75 thou. | 他花了7万5买了部保时捷涡轮增压跑车 |
[58:52] | I think if I can make a bundle of cash before I’m 30 and get out of this racket,… | 若我能在30岁以前赚上大笔钱 离开这一行 |
[58:57] | ..I’ll be able to ride my motorcycle across China. | 我就能骑摩托车横越中国 |
[59:01] | I’d like to do for furniture what Laura Ashley did for interior fabrics. | 我希望我所设计家具的知名度能像萝拉艾许莉的布料一样 |
[59:05] | Produce a line of high-quality antiques at a low price. | 生产高品质 低价位的古董 |
[59:09] | Sounds great. I’ll take you public. | 听起来不错 我会让它上市 |
[59:11] | You will? | 你会 |
[59:37] | Can I help you? | 我能效劳吗 |
[59:40] | Oh. Excuse me. Is this Bill Bates’ office? | 抱歉 这是贝比尔的办公室吗 |
[59:43] | No. | 不是 |
[59:44] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[59:57] | Hiya, Dad. | 爸 你好吗 |
[59:59] | – What brings you out here? – Client’s got a private jet at Butler. | -你咋来了 -我有个客户在伯特拉机场有架私人喷射机 |
[1:00:03] | – Hey, Buddy. How ya doing? – Mr Wall Street! | -巴德 你好吗 -华尔街先生 |
[1:00:05] | The bozos that keep us in the air! | 是这些3脚猫让飞机不会坠机 |
[1:00:08] | – Give us a hand. – Do an honest day’s work. | -你过来帮个忙如何 -我们来教你如何赚良心钱 |
[1:00:10] | All right. Change the oil, fill the tyres and park it out back. | 好换机油 轮胎充气 把车停到后面去 可以吧 |
[1:00:14] | This kid wanna buy the plane? | 这小子想买飞机 |
[1:00:16] | – You always light up when you see me. – Don’t start, all right? | -你为何每次一见到我就点烟 -你别又开始了 可以吗 |
[1:00:20] | All right. | 可以 |
[1:00:22] | So who peed in your Cheerios? | 又是谁惹毛你了 |
[1:00:24] | Goddamn fare wars are killing us! | 机票降价的大战快害死我们了 |
[1:00:27] | Management’s gonna lay off five of my men this week. | 管理处本周要遣散我5名手下我却无计可施 |
[1:00:30] | I’m sorry about that. | 我很遗憾 |
[1:00:32] | – So how much you need? – I don’t need anything. I’m doing great. | -那你呢你需要多少 -我啥也不需要 我工作很好 |
[1:00:36] | New client, new ball game. Things are starting to happen. | 新客户 全新的局面 我就要鸿图大展了 |
[1:00:40] | Sure. Lots of guys at the track talk like that. | 对啊 很多赌马迷也这么说 |
[1:00:42] | How do you know you’ll have any dough next month? Jesus Christ, what is this? | 你连下个月有无薪水都不知道 天呀 这是什么 |
[1:00:47] | It’s a dividend. | 这是股利 |
[1:00:49] | I’ve borrowed at least five grand over the years. | 这几年我至少向你借了5千元 |
[1:00:52] | Oh, stop it. Put this towards your school loan. | 不用了 这些拿去还助学贷款 |
[1:00:56] | Forget the loans. Look, Dad, things are good and it’s gonna stay that way. | 别管助学贷款了 爸 情况开始好转了 |
[1:01:01] | – Buy yourself a new suit. – What do I need a suit for? | -替你自己买套新西装 -我买新西装要拿来干嘛 |
[1:01:04] | I don’t hobnob with the jet set. I just fix their planes. | 我又不用跟乘客打交道 我只负责修飞机 |
[1:01:07] | Then get a decent bowling jacket, so you don’t look like the Roto-Rooter man. | 买件像样的保龄球服 这样你跟妈出去时才不会像个清洁工 |
[1:01:12] | Come on, what’s money for? Enjoy yourself. | 爸 拿去吧 钱就是拿来花的 |
[1:01:15] | Money is a pain in the ass, if you ask me. But thanks, kid. | 在我看来 钱是个大麻烦 不过还是谢了 |
[1:01:18] | – How about dinner? – Sure. Any night this week. | -吃顿晚餐如何 -好 这星期的晚上都行 |
[1:01:21] | OK. No, I’m sorry. This week’s booked. | 好 糟糕 抱歉 我这星期全都约满了 |
[1:01:23] | – I’ll check with my girl. I’ll get back to you. – You do that, Huckleberry. | -我先跟助理确定一下 再打电话给你 -就这么办吧 |
[1:01:28] | l gotta run. You stop smoking, you hear? | 好 我得走了 你别抽烟了 听见没 |
[1:01:31] | I’ll talk at ya. | 再联络 |
[1:01:47] | It’s in both our interests to put a safe distance between you and us. | 为了双方的利益着想 你和我们最好保持距离 |
[1:01:51] | – You understand that, Mr Fox? – Sure. | -你了解吗 福先生 -当然 |
[1:01:55] | This gives you limited power of attorney for Mr Gekko’s account. | 这份文件授权你依法处理盖柯先生的帐户 |
[1:01:59] | Every ticket you buy must be marked “power of attorney”. | 你得以全权处理每一笔交易 你买进的购股单均需注明授权 |
[1:02:03] | That means that you call the shots. | 这表示股票购入全由你作主 |
[1:02:05] | Mr Gekko has no official knowledge of what stocks you’re buying. All right? | 盖柯先生于法完全不知情 好吗 |
[1:02:10] | Just sign it at the end, twice. | 在下面签名 一式两份 |
[1:02:13] | I never knew how poor I was until I started making money. | 我从来不知我有多穷直到我开始赚了点小钱 |
[1:02:17] | Your transactions will be monitored by StockWatch. | 你的交易将由纽约证交所监管 |
[1:02:20] | If any trouble does arise, you are on your own out there. | 若是出了乱子 你只得靠自己 |
[1:02:24] | The trail stops with you, understand? | 线索只到你为止 你了解吗 |
[1:02:26] | Spread the buy orders over different accounts, you won’t get burnt. | 把购股单分散到不同的户头这样你就不会有事 |
[1:02:30] | I have friends that won’t mind making easy money. | 我想我有些朋友不会在意赚点容易钱 |
[1:02:34] | Rudy Gazoodi! How’s my cutie?! Viens ici! | 鲁迪 我的小可爱好吗 |
[1:02:39] | We need more votes for the showdown, but don’t wanna go public… | 我们得拉拢股东支持才好摊牌 但我们可不想闹得满城风雨 |
[1:02:43] | – Bonjour, Monsieur Buddy. – Bonjour, Monsieur Buddy. | -你好 巴德先生 -你好 巴德先生 |
[1:02:47] | Oh! He speaks French already. | 他已经会说法文了 |
[1:02:50] | Kid had the highest score in his lQ test. | 他的智力测验考了最高分 |
[1:02:53] | It is so difficult to get into a good nursery school now. | 现在好的托儿所都很难进 |
[1:02:59] | They even go to your home to make sure you’re acceptable. | 他们甚至还会来做家庭访问以确定你还够格 |
[1:03:02] | That’s it for you with the grown-ups. | 你跟大人已经玩够了 |
[1:03:05] | – Nicole, would you take him for a nap now? – Viens, mon petit. | -妮可 麻烦你带他去午睡 -好 |
[1:03:08] | Give him a bath and put that cute little black suit on him. | 替他洗个澡 给他穿上那套可爱的黑衣服 |
[1:03:12] | This is a contact at one of our offshore banks. | 这是我们海外银行的联络电话 |
[1:03:16] | On settlement day you’ll open an account for Mr Gekko… | 在交割日当天替盖柯先生在那里开个户头 |
[1:03:19] | ..under the name Geneva Roth Holding Corp. | 名义就用日内瓦的洛斯控股公司 |
[1:03:22] | Then you’ll wire-transfer the money to this account in the Cayman lslands. | 你再把钱用电汇的方式转进开曼岛的这个户头 |
[1:03:27] | You’re gonna make a lot of money, pal. | 你就要赚大钱了 |
[1:03:30] | The stakes are going up. No mistakes. | 风险是越来越大 不许出错 |
[1:03:35] | Piece of cake, Gordon. | 戈登 轻而易举 |
[1:03:52] | lf I could have anything,… | 若我能够拥有什么的话 |
[1:03:54] | ..this would almost do. | 这样也几乎够了 |
[1:03:58] | Almost. | 几乎 |
[1:04:01] | How’d your conference go with Gordon? | 你和戈登的会开得如何 |
[1:04:03] | It went fine. We reached an agreement, and decided to split up the world between us. | 很顺利 我们达成协议 决定把我们的世界分开来 |
[1:04:10] | You have modest wants. I like that in a man. | 你还真不贪心 我喜欢你这种性格 |
[1:04:14] | – What do you want? – Let’s see. | -那你要什么 -我想想 |
[1:04:17] | A Turner. A perfect canary diamond. | 一幅透纳的画 一颗加纳利钻 |
[1:04:22] | World peace. | 世界和平 |
[1:04:24] | The best of everything. | 拥有最好的一切 |
[1:04:26] | Well, why stop at that? | 为何只要最好的而已 |
[1:04:27] | l don’t. | 我没有这样想 |
[1:04:45] | My client wants to buy a large block of Teldar. He needs to spread it around. | 我的客户要大量买进泰达股票 他得把资金分散开来 |
[1:04:49] | I’ll park some money in your account. If it hits, you get a big cut. | 我放一些钱在你的帐户里 如果赚了 你就能分一杯羹 |
[1:04:53] | I’m telling you, this is the easiest money you’ve ever made. | 我告诉你 这是最好赚的钱 |
[1:04:57] | All right, Bud. | 好 巴德 |
[1:05:00] | Let’s do it. | 就这么办 |
[1:05:02] | We go way back, Harry. | 哈利 我们同事很久了 |
[1:05:04] | You know, I-I-I’ve put a lot of money into this firm over the years. | 我这些年替公司赚了不少钱 |
[1:05:09] | – I brought in a lot of business. – You’ve taken enough out, too. | -我也带来了不少生意 -你也赚了不少 |
[1:05:12] | – You should have something put aside. – With the divorces I haven’t had a chance. | -照理应该存了点钱才对 – 为了离婚我没有机会存钱 |
[1:05:18] | – The bridges are burned. – When you fire me I’m finished. On the street. | -你这次非走不可 -哈利 一开除我就完了 华尔街无我容身处 |
[1:05:22] | – How do you think I feel about this? – How do you think I feel? | -你以为我心里很舒服吗 -我也不好过啊 |
[1:05:26] | I’ve got responsibilities. I’ve got two kids… | 我有很多责任要担 还要养两个小孩 |
[1:05:28] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[1:05:31] | Lynch is giving him the boot. Not pulling his quota. | 林先生请他走路 他没有达到业绩目标 |
[1:05:36] | We’re all one trade away from humility. | 我们若再搞砸一次 就会是他这种下场 |
[1:05:39] | New report on GM and a conference call | 研究部对于通用汽车的新报告 已经出炉 |
[1:05:41] | in defence stock in my office, 7 am tomorrow. | 明早7点在我办公室开会 会中将一并讨论防卫性股票 |
[1:05:43] | No RSVP required. Just be there. | 不需申报出席与否 到时出现就是了 |
[1:05:47] | Now, on a more inspiring note, the new office record… | 现在是一项令人振奋的消息 |
[1:05:51] | ..for a single month’s gross commission from the wealthy individual accounts… | 我很高兴宣布公司单月的散户佣金毛利创下新高 |
[1:05:56] | ..goes to Bud Fox. Shows cold calling does work, fellas. | 得主是福巴德 挨家挨户打电话果然管用 |
[1:06:00] | Way to go, Bud. Superjob. Come on up here. | 干得好 巴德 真有一套 来我办公室 |
[1:06:03] | Bud, congrats. You just made my life twice as hard around here. | 巴德 恭喜 你让我在这里的日子加倍难过 |
[1:06:12] | You’re on a roll, kid. Enjoy it while it lasts, cos it never does. | 你扶摇直上了 小子 趁现在好好享受吧 因为这不会长久 |
[1:06:18] | Just kicking ass and taking names, Lou. | 卢 我只是展现出企图心而已 |
[1:06:35] | Come along with me, Bud. | 你跟我来 巴德 |
[1:06:43] | This is yours now, Bud. | 这现在是你的了 巴德 |
[1:06:45] | Credenza. Tree. Windows. | 个人专用柜 树木 窗户 |
[1:06:47] | And, significantly more attractive, your private secretary Janet. | 更吸引人的是 你的私人秘书珍奈 |
[1:06:52] | – Nice to meet you, Mr Fox. – Hello, Janet. | -福先生 幸会 -珍奈 你好 |
[1:06:56] | Well, I don’t really know what to say. Thank you, Mr Lynch. | 我真的不知该说什么 谢谢林先生 |
[1:07:00] | No, I thank you, Bud. | 不 巴德 该道谢的是我 |
[1:07:01] | The minute I laid my eyes on you I knew that you had what it takes. | 我第一眼看到你的时后 就知道你有这份能耐 |
[1:07:06] | Now you can focus on the big-ticket retail. | 现在你可以专注在 你这个有钱的超级散户了 |
[1:07:09] | Oh, this is very nice. This is very nice. | 这里实在是太棒了 |
[1:07:13] | So what is it? Mr Cocksucker now? | 怎地现在变成吹箫先生了 |
[1:07:18] | Everybody hates the Upper East Side. They wanna live on the West Side. | 大家都说他们不爱住上东区 他们想住西区 |
[1:07:22] | But when it’s resale time the East Side moves all the time. | 不过相信我 当卖房子的时候 东区的房子最好卖 |
[1:07:26] | What have you got on the West Side? Sean and Madonna?! Trust me. | 你想想看西区是谁在住 谁想跟西恩潘和玛丹娜做邻居 |
[1:07:30] | Massage, sauna, Jacuzzi… tanning salon. | 这里有按摩 蒸汽浴 按摩浴缸 日晒沙龙 |
[1:07:36] | Best schools in the city. | 全市最好的学校 |
[1:07:39] | A cute young boy like you gotta think of a future lady friend in your life… | 像你这种可爱的年青人当然会替未来做打算 等你鬼混够之后 |
[1:07:44] | ..when you’ve finished wolfing around. | 也会想找个女人安定下来 |
[1:07:47] | Course, I’m taken. | 当然 我已经结婚了 |
[1:07:49] | Oak strip floors. | 橡木地板 |
[1:07:51] | My husband can get you a 10% mortgage. | 我老公可以替你争取到 利率10%的贷款 |
[1:07:53] | l would do it myself, except I’m into four other deals right now. | 我本来可以自己帮你的 但我还有4件别的生意 |
[1:07:58] | So, I got a four o’clock and a five. One’s an all-cash type. | 我4点和5点约了客户看房 其中有1个很阔气只花现金 |
[1:08:01] | Monique something or other. | 叫什么莫妮来着的 |
[1:08:04] | Look, maybe you’d like to see something cheaper that I got on First Avenue? | 还是你想看便宜一点的 我在第一大道还有房子 |
[1:08:09] | Honey, the meter’s running. Anybody home? | 甜心 我的时间是很宝贵的 你说话啊 |
[1:08:14] | All right. Offer 950. | 好 我出价95万 |
[1:08:20] | I got something over on Sutton Place. | 我在索顿还有个地方 |
[1:08:22] | It’s a million and a half, but now we’re talking duplex. | 150万 不过是双拼的 |
[1:08:26] | No. | 不了 |
[1:08:28] | This is it. This is home. | 就是这里 我的家 |
[1:09:00] | That’s enough gold over there. | 那里的金色够了 |
[1:09:24] | Like it? | 喜欢吗 |
[1:09:27] | I’m having House Garden come up next w to photograph it before it gets lived in. | 趁有人搬进来之前 我下周要室内装潢杂志的人过来拍照 |
[1:09:33] | Do you mind? | 你介意吗 |
[1:09:36] | Hey! Jerry! Come at me. Whaddaya got? | 杰瑞 说话啊 你有什么消息 |
[1:09:39] | No, no. 37 1/2. | 不 是37.5 |
[1:09:41] | Convert the bonds and check the price in Tokyo at eight o’clock your time. Right. | 用债券转买股票 在你那边8点的时候察看东京股市的价位 对 |
[1:10:09] | I’m spilling everything. | 我把东西洒了一地 |
[1:10:42] | Isn’t it perfect? | 是不是很完美 |
[1:10:45] | It’s too perfect. | 太完美了 |
[1:10:48] | Let’s not even eat. | 我们干脆别吃了 |
[1:10:50] | Let’s just watch it… think about it. | 静静地看着就好 用想的 |
[1:11:40] | Who am I? | 哥是谁 |
[1:11:52] | Bud, come to bed. | 巴德 上床来 |
[1:12:00] | One million six. Seven. | 160万 170万 |
[1:12:01] | On my left now. Against you, 1,800,000. | 左边的来宾出价180万 |
[1:12:06] | 1,900,000. New bidder this side. $2m here now. | 这边有来宾出价190万 200万 |
[1:12:10] | Not yours. At $2,100,000. $2,100,000. | 210万 210万第3次 |
[1:12:14] | Fair warning, then. Selling for $2,100,000. All done. | 好 以210万售出 |
[1:12:17] | For you, sir. $2,100,000. | 您以210万得标 |
[1:12:20] | Whaddaya say we get a suite at the Carlyle? | 我们去卡莱开个套房如何 |
[1:12:23] | Champagne, caviar…? Celebrate just like old times? | 香槟 鱼子酱 就像往日那般庆祝 |
[1:12:27] | Come on, Gordon. Those days are over. | 得了 戈登 那已经是过去了 |
[1:12:30] | Well, you can’t blame me for trying. | 试探一下总无妨吧 |
[1:12:33] | You’re as beautiful as that painting I just bought. | 你正如我刚买的画一样美 |
[1:12:37] | Sunshine, what’s wrong? I think you got a bad case of puppy love. | 灿烂美少女 你怎么了 你那纯纯的爱遇上了麻烦 |
[1:12:42] | I think I’m falling for Bud. | 我想我爱上巴德了 |
[1:12:45] | Don’t fall too far. He hasn’t been around the block yet. You have. | 别陷得太深 他的经验不足 你可不同 |
[1:12:50] | – Told him about us? – No! Are you crazy? | -你跟他说过我们的事 -没有 你疯了不成 |
[1:12:54] | – I don’t want him to ever know, understand? – Mum is the word. | -我永远不要他知道 明白吗 -我绝不说出去 |
[1:13:01] | You and I are the same, Darien. | 戴玲 你和我是同一种人 |
[1:13:03] | We are smart enough not to buy into the oldest myth running …love. | 以我们的才智不会去相信 那最古老的神话爱情 |
[1:13:08] | Fiction created by people to keep them from jumping out of windows. | 那是人们自己创造出来的虚幻 好让自己不会去跳楼 |
[1:13:13] | You know, sometimes I miss you, Gordon. You’re really twisted. | 戈登 我有时真的很想念你 你真的很变态 |
[1:13:20] | For chrissake, Jack, it’s easy! | 天啊 杰克 这很简单的 |
[1:13:23] | On settlement day you endorse a cheque to Blue Horseshoe Trading Company. | 交割日一到 你在支票后背书 抬头写”蓝色马蹄贸易公司” |
[1:13:27] | Then I’ll send you your cut. | 然后我就会把你那一份给你 |
[1:13:30] | What? No, that’s the bottom line. Nobody gets hurt. | 什么 不 这是底线 没有人会受害 |
[1:13:34] | What the fuck is wrong with you? | 你是哪根筋不对 |
[1:13:36] | It’s so bad, even the liars are complaining. | 股市的情况已很糟了 就连大话投资人都在抱怨 |
[1:13:38] | But not you. You’re making big money. | 但是你不会 你在赚大钱 |
[1:13:41] | – What’s the bottom line? – Hey, look! | -你有谁做后台 -你听着 |
[1:13:43] | I am sick and tired of playing wet nurse to you! | 我已厌倦了老是报消息给你 |
[1:13:47] | – Will you do your own homework, Marv! – What an asshole, man! | -马文 你不能靠自己吗 -你真是个混蛋 |
[1:13:53] | That’s a shame. | 太可惜了 |
[1:13:58] | Yeah, Frank. Work 500,000 shares Teldar with a limit of 26. New account. | 法兰克 进买50万股泰达 上限26元 用新帐户 |
[1:14:03] | Don’t fuck it up. | 别搞砸了 |
[1:14:07] | – How’s Teldar doing? – Back again? | -泰达如何 -你又要来买 |
[1:14:09] | – I’ve got a real appetite. – Bring it five to a half. 2,000 up. | -我的胃口很好 -把卖出的挂牌定价 设在比市价高0.5元 |
[1:14:13] | – I gotta buy stock. What’s offered at a half? – What are we looking at? | -我要买些股票 有几股挂牌 -你要买多少 |
[1:14:17] | – Make me an offer on 80. – 80,000 at a half. | -8万股 -挂牌有8万股 |
[1:14:20] | I’ll take it. | 我买了 |
[1:14:47] | Your company, ladies and gentlemen, is under siege from Gordon Gekko. | 各位女士先生 你们的公司 已受到戈登·盖柯的包围 |
[1:14:51] | T.P. is now leveraged to the hilt, like some piss-poor South American country! | 泰达纸业的融资已到临界点如同欠了一屁股债的南美国家 |
[1:14:57] | l strongly recommend you to see through Mr Gekko’s shameless intention here… | 你们最好快点看透盖柯先生 他的无耻企图是想 |
[1:15:03] | ..to strip this company, and severely penalise the stockholders. | 变卖公司图利 危害股东 |
[1:15:07] | l strongly recommend you to reject his tender… | 我强烈建议大家 |
[1:15:11] | ..by voting for management’s restructuring of the stock. | 用投票来拒绝此投标出价 好让管理阶层重组公司的股票 |
[1:15:25] | Well, I appreciate the opportunity you’re giving me, Mr Cromwell,… | 康威先生 谢谢您给我这个 说话的机会 |
[1:15:29] | ..as the single largest shareholder in Teldar Paper, to speak. | 我是泰达最大的私人股东 |
[1:15:35] | We are not here to indulge in fantasy, but in political and economic reality. | 各位我们不是来此沉浸于幻想而是要环顾政治和经济的现实面 |
[1:15:42] | America… America has become a second-rate power. | 美国 美国已成为次等的强权 |
[1:15:49] | lts trade deficit and its fiscal deficit are at nightmare proportions. | 它的贸易赤字和财政赤字 彷佛是一场恶梦 |
[1:15:56] | ln the days of the free market, when our country was a top industrial power,… | 想当初在那段自由市场的日子 我们还是顶尖的是工业强权 |
[1:16:01] | ..there was accountability to the stockholder. | 股东的持股会受到经管保护 |
[1:16:05] | The Carnegies, the Mellons, the men that buiIt this great empire, made sure of it… | 卡内基 梅隆及其后人 会确保这个工业帝国的稳固 |
[1:16:10] | ..because it was their money at stake. | 因为事关他们自己的钱 |
[1:16:13] | Today, management has no stake in the company! | 对如今的管理阶层而言 公司的好坏与他们无关 |
[1:16:18] | All together, these men sitting up here own less than 3% of the company. | 这上面所有在座的人 只拥有不到3%的公司股票 |
[1:16:24] | And where does Mr Cromwell put his $1,000,000 salary? | 康威先生的百万年薪 放在哪里 |
[1:16:28] | Not in Teldar stock. He owns less than 1%. | 他买的可不是泰达股票 他只拥有不到1% |
[1:16:31] | You own the company. That’s right, you, the stockholder. | 拥有公司的是你们 没错 你们才是股东 |
[1:16:36] | And you are all being royally screwed over by these bureaucrats,… | 你们忠心耿耿 却被这些官僚拿来践踏 |
[1:16:40] | ..with their steak lunches, their fishing trips, | 他们中餐花公司的钱吃牛排 没事就有狩猎和钓鱼之旅 |
[1:16:44] | their corporate jets and golden parachutes. | 他们有公司专机 还有金降落伞规则保护 |
[1:16:46] | This is an outrage! You’re out of line, Gekko! | 岂有此理 你太过份了 盖柯 |
[1:16:49] | Teldar Paper, Mr Cromwell, has 33 different vice presidents,… | 泰达纸业 康威先生 泰达纸业共有33位副总裁 |
[1:16:55] | ..each earning over $200,000 a year. | 各个的年薪都在20万以上 |
[1:17:01] | Now, I have spent the last two months analysing what all these guys do. | 我花了2个月的时间 分析这些人到底在做什么 |
[1:17:07] | And I still can’t figure it out. | 至今我却仍然想不通 |
[1:17:10] | One thing I do know is that our paper company lost $110m last year. | 我唯一知道的一件事就是 我们的泰达在去年赔了1亿1千万 |
[1:17:16] | And I’ll bet half of that was spent in | 我打赌有一半的钱是花在 |
[1:17:18] | all the paperwork between all these vice presidents! | 这些副总裁之间的文书往来 |
[1:17:24] | The new law of evolution in corporate America… | 美国企业的新法则 |
[1:17:27] | ..seems to be… survival of the unfittest. | 似乎变成了不适者生存 |
[1:17:32] | Well, in my book you either do it right, or you get eliminated. | 而我的看法是你要不就做对 要不就是被消灭 |
[1:17:39] | ln the last seven deals that I have been involved with there were 2.5m stockholders… | 在我最近所做的7笔交易中2千5百万的持股人 |
[1:17:44] | ..who have made a pre-tax profit of $12 billion. | 在税前赚了120亿元 |
[1:17:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢各位 |
[1:17:53] | I am not a destroyer of companies. | 我不是来毁灭公司的 |
[1:17:57] | I am a liberator of them! | 我是来解放公司的 |
[1:18:02] | The point is, ladies and gentlemen, that greed, for lack of a better word,… | 各位女士先生 重点就在于 贪婪 抱歉我找不到更好的字 |
[1:18:08] | ..is good. | 贪婪是好的 |
[1:18:10] | Greed is right. Greed works. | 贪婪是对的 贪婪是有用的 |
[1:18:14] | Greed clarifies, cuts through and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. | 贪婪可以理清一切 披荆斩棘直捣演化的精髓 |
[1:18:21] | Greed, in all of its forms …greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge… | 贪婪就是一切形式之所在 对于生活要贪婪 对于爱情和知识 |
[1:18:28] | ..has marked the upward surge of mankind. | 贪婪激发了人类向上的动力 |
[1:18:31] | And greed, you mark my words, will not only save Teldar Paper,… | 你们记住我的话 贪婪 不仅能挽救泰达纸业 |
[1:18:38] | ..but that other malfunctioning corporation called the USA. | 更能挽救机制失调的美国 |
[1:18:42] | Thank you very much. | 感谢各位 |
[1:18:52] | Fly me to the moon | 带我去月球 |
[1:18:55] | Let me play among the stars | 带我去星辰间玩耍 |
[1:19:00] | Buy me 20 June eurodollar CDs,… | 替我买进20笔6月到期的欧洲美元定存 |
[1:19:02] | ..20 March gold and sell 10 September Deutschmarks. Right. Talk at ya, babe. | 20笔3月黄金 卖出10笔9月份的德国马克 对 再联络 宝贝 |
[1:19:09] | Ah, Buddy, Buddy, I hate to tell you this, but you are a genius! | 巴德我很不想承认 但你真是个天才 |
[1:19:15] | Darien! Lightning has struck. | 黛玲 我刚才灵光一现 |
[1:19:17] | The light bulb has been invented. Bluestar Airlines. | 想出了一个绝佳的点子 蓝星航空公司 |
[1:19:21] | Edison, da Vinci, Einstein. They’re all watching me. | 爱迪生 达芬奇 爱因斯坦 他们全都在注视着我 |
[1:19:24] | Ever hear of the 60-hour work week? | 有听过一周工时60小时吗 |
[1:19:26] | You’ve gotta go to work soon. I’m getting psychotic from a lack of REM sleep. | 你再过两小时就要去上班了 我也因睡眠不足而快发疯了 |
[1:19:30] | I’m not gonna broker the rest of my life. | 你以为我想一辈子当营业员 |
[1:19:33] | l am gonna be a giant, an entrepreneur in the ltalian 16th-century sense of the word. | 黛玲 我要当龙头 用意大利06世纪的说法就是 企业巨子 |
[1:19:38] | A mover, a shaker. I’m shooting for the stars, Darien. | 呼风唤雨 左右大局 我就要飞上枝头当凤凰了 |
[1:19:42] | You’re coming along for the ride. | 而你也可以共享其荣 |
[1:19:47] | Bluestar is an unpolished gem, Gordon. | 蓝星是颗未琢过的宝石 戈登 |
[1:19:50] | A half-assed management being decimated by a price war they cannot win. | 一般人把它当垃圾 蹩脚的管理阶层已被价位战压得喘不过气 |
[1:19:55] | But the gates at La Guardia alone can bail us out. | 不过单凭蓝星在瓜迪亚机场的登机门 就能让我们解套 |
[1:19:58] | If it’s worth a dime, it’s worth 10 bucks a share. They’re ripe to fall! | 若蓝星的股还值钱就能冲到1股10元 接收蓝星时机已经成熟 |
[1:20:02] | Mixed emotions, Buddy. | 巴德 你真是让我悲喜交加 |
[1:20:04] | Like Larry Wildman going off a cliff… in my new Maserati! | 这就像怀曼开着我的玛莎拉蒂 冲下了悬崖 |
[1:20:11] | Guys like me have had their asses hung in a sling with the airlines! | 我这种人绝不会碰航空公司 |
[1:20:14] | – Fuel could go up. Unions are killers. – Yeah, but aren’t you forgetting one thing? | -油价随时会涨 工会的人又难搞 -可是戈登 你忘了一件事 |
[1:20:19] | Capital reserves. This company has 75 million cash in an overfunded pension. | 资本准备金 这公司有7500万退休金放在超额筹资的基金户头 |
[1:20:25] | That buys us a lot of credibility. | 这可以让我们的融资信用大增 |
[1:20:27] | And the beauty is, you already own close to 2% of this sucker. | 最棒的是 你拥有的蓝星股票 已经快到2%了 |
[1:20:30] | The insurance people are balking on the logging trucks. What do you want to do? | 保险公司已经心生退却 你要怎么做 |
[1:20:35] | Tell those assholes we’ll self-insure if they don’t write it. | 你去告诉那些没骨气的混蛋 他们不承保 我们就自己动手 |
[1:20:39] | l can’t believe we can fire half the management and nothing changes! | 我们一旦开除一半的管理阶层 我不相信不会造成影响 |
[1:20:46] | Gordon, what I want, and I’ve never asked you for anything,… | 戈登 我从未求过你任何事 |
[1:20:51] | ..is to be your copilot on this one. | 但我这次想当你的副驾驶 |
[1:20:54] | I wanna take this airline, turn it around and make it work. | 我要拿下这家航空公司 让它起死回生 正常运作 |
[1:20:58] | It’s gonna make us a fortune. | 这会让我们发大财的 |
[1:21:02] | I got a stockbroker who wants an airline. It’ll take two years to | 我有个想开航空公司的营业员 我花了2年 |
[1:21:05] | turn Teldar Paper around. | 不知头痛几百回 才让泰达起死回生 |
[1:21:08] | What do I need a dink airline for? I’m up to my ass in more nuts than a fruitcake! | 何苦去搞一家小航空公司 我身边的疯子已经够多了 |
[1:21:12] | I’ve worked at Bluestar. I know my way around. I have friends there, inside. | 戈登 我在蓝星工作过 我有关系 在内部有朋友 |
[1:21:17] | What do you mean? | 此话怎讲 |
[1:21:19] | The three unions. It’s 43% of Bluestar’s operating budget. | 3个工会 就占了蓝星43%的预算 |
[1:21:24] | The hourly cost of a flight crew is 850 an hour. That’s the real hidden value, GG. | 驾驶组员的时薪是850 这就是隐藏价值 |
[1:21:29] | If you can negotiate that out, get a crew down to 350, 400 an hour,… | 若你能协商成功 把驾驶组员的时薪裁至 350到400元 |
[1:21:34] | ..this airline’ll be the hottest thing since Texas Air. | 这家航空公司会继德州航空后 成为最赚钱的公司 |
[1:21:37] | – What makes you think you can? – I can talk to these people. They trust me. | -你凭什么觉得你能做到 -我能和这些人谈 他们信任我 |
[1:21:42] | My father can be a big help in getting cuts. | 而我父亲能在裁薪中帮上大忙 |
[1:21:51] | All right. Susan, get Buckingham on the phone. Tell him to look into it. | 好 苏珊 打电话给白金汉 叫他研究一下 |
[1:21:56] | So the falcon’s heard the falconer, huh? | 这次老大听小鬼的 |
[1:22:14] | – Hi, Dad. – Sorry I’m late. Son | -爸 你好 -儿子 抱歉迟到了 |
[1:22:16] | That’s OK. Overdressed as usual. | 没关系 你又盛装出席了 |
[1:22:21] | Come on in. Everybody’s here. I couldn’t start the show without you. | 进来吧 大家都到了 你不来就不能开始 |
[1:22:26] | Well, I’ll be a lousy Republican! | 我是没人爱的共和党 |
[1:22:29] | I decorate for Democrats, too. Lots of them. I’m Darien Taylor. | 我也替很多共和党装修过 我是黛玲 嗨 |
[1:22:33] | – Bud’s told me all about you. – Don’t believe a word. | -巴德常跟我提起你 -你别相信他的话 |
[1:22:36] | I never beat him or locked him in a closet. | 我从未打过他 也没把他关在衣柜里 |
[1:22:38] | – I forgot about the closet. – He turned out OK. | -我忘了告诉你衣柜的事 -我想他长大后还算成材啦 |
[1:22:41] | Bud’s a born liar, otherwise he’s a good kid. | 巴德是天生的骗子 不过他是个好孩子 |
[1:22:44] | I hope you come here more often, under less formal circumstances. | 我希望你能常过来 找个不那么正式的场合 |
[1:22:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:22:50] | – Dad, you know Duncan Wilmore. – Sure. How are ya? | -爸 我想你认识威杜肯 -是呀 你好吗 |
[1:22:53] | Pilots’ union. Toni Carpenter, flight attendants’. | 驾驶工会 空服员代表东尼 |
[1:22:57] | I’d like you to meet Mr Gekko. | 这是盖柯先生 |
[1:22:59] | Mr Fox, pleasure to meet you. | 福先生 你好 |
[1:23:01] | His attorney, Mr Salt. | 他的律师 索先生 |
[1:23:03] | I’d be proud to have a son like Buddy. Got a hell of a career in front of him. | 你有巴德这种儿子一定很自豪 他的前途无量 |
[1:23:06] | I’m glad you think so. I thought this was inf. What’s your attorney doing here? | 很高兴你这样想 我以为这是非正式的聚会 你的律师在这干嘛 |
[1:23:12] | Harold, you don’t mind walking around the block, do you? | 哈洛 你不介意的话 就去附近绕个几百圈 |
[1:23:15] | – Of course. – I’ll take that. | -当然 -我来 |
[1:23:18] | No offence. | 不伤和气 |
[1:23:20] | None taken. | 不会 |
[1:23:27] | That’s OK, Gordon. Bud does it all the time. | 没关系 巴德也常这样 |
[1:23:31] | Look, I got no illusions about winning a popularity contest with any of you. | 我不会无聊到跟各位比知名度 |
[1:23:38] | I got roasted the other night. | 我上次领奖时被消遣了一番 |
[1:23:40] | A friend asked “Why are we honouring this man? Did we run out of human beings?” | 我一个朋友问到 “我们干嘛表扬这个人 其他人都死光了吗” |
[1:23:46] | It’s not always the most popular guy who gets the job done. | 我的意思是 最受欢迎的人 未必能把工作做好 |
[1:23:53] | You’ve got losses of $20-30 million, dividends cut to zero,… | 你们亏损了2 3千万 股利全无 |
[1:23:57] | ..and you’re being squeezed to death by the majors. | 同时也被大航空公司夹击 |
[1:24:00] | The management maynot be the worst scum but they put u on this kamikaze course | 现在的管理层 也许不是最烂的人渣 但他们把你们逼上绝境 |
[1:24:06] | ..and pretty soon everybody is gonna be scrambling for parachutes. | 不用多久 人人都得求自保了 |
[1:24:10] | Only there’s not enough to go around. | 只是无法人人都能保住饭碗 |
[1:24:13] | Management has them. You don’t. | 管理阶层能自保 你们不行 |
[1:24:18] | If they throw Bluestar to Chapter 11, which I think they will,… | 若他们动用破产保护法 我想他们会这样做 |
[1:24:22] | ..they’ll use the bankruptcy laws to break your unions, and throw you off the property. | 你们就得解散工会 合约失效 回家吃自己 |
[1:24:27] | Oh, come on! With all due respect, what’s to prevent you from doing the same thing? | 得了吧 恕我冒犯 盖先生 谁能保证你不会也这样做 |
[1:24:32] | Cos I got a way around all this,… | 因为我有避免的方案 |
[1:24:35] | ..where we can all make money and make the airline profitable. | 有钱大家赚的方案 航空公司也能转亏为盈 |
[1:24:40] | So what do you say we cut to the chase? | 我就打开天窗说亮话 |
[1:24:44] | I’m asking for a modest 20% across-the-board wage cut, and 7 more hrs a month. | 我要求全面合理裁薪20% 月工作时数增加7小时 |
[1:24:52] | What kind of time frame? | 这样要持续多久 |
[1:24:54] | A year. If we’re still losing money, the reduction stands. | 给我1年时间 若还在赔钱 裁薪就继续 |
[1:24:57] | If we’re in the black, I’ll return part of the givebacks, | 但若开始赚钱 我就放出优惠 |
[1:25:00] | pay goes back to current levels,… | 薪水恢复原来的水准 还有 |
[1:25:02] | ..and we initiate an employee profit-sharing programme with stock. | 我们将进行员工配股分红计划 |
[1:25:08] | – You’ll own part of the airline. – Will you put it in writing? | -大家一起做航空公司的股东 -你准备将它书面化吗 |
[1:25:12] | I’ll have a letter of agreement drafted up in two days. | 我可以在两天内拟好协议书 |
[1:25:16] | What’s your marketing strategy? How will you return us to profitability? | 你的市场策略呢 你要如何转亏为盈 |
[1:25:20] | Why don’t I give Buddy an opportunity to answer that? Buddy? | 这我们就让巴德来回答 巴德 |
[1:25:23] | Thank you, Gordon. | 谢谢 戈登 |
[1:25:26] | First, I want you all to know that my door will always be open,… | 首先 我要各位知道 我的大门永远为诸位敞开 |
[1:25:29] | ..because I know from my dad it’s you guys that keep Bluestar flying. | 因为我从我父亲那边得知 蓝星能够运作 全要归功各位 |
[1:25:34] | What I’ve come up with here is a basic three-point plan. | 这是我想出的3个基本计划 |
[1:25:38] | One: we modernise. Our computer software is dogshit. We update it. | 第1 我们要现代化 我们的电脑软体屁都不是 这需要更新 |
[1:25:42] | We squeeze every dollar out of each mile flown. | 我们要精算出 每个位子的英里数成本 |
[1:25:45] | Don’t sell a seat to a guy for 79 bucks when he’s willing to pay 379. | 若有人愿意出379元买机票 就不必卖他79元 |
[1:25:49] | Effective inventory management will increase our load factor by 5-20%. | 而经由电脑有效控管存货能使载货量增加5到20% |
[1:25:55] | That translates to approximately $50-200 million in revenues. | 那将是5千万到2亿的岁收 |
[1:26:00] | The point being, we can beat the majors at a price war. | 意思是我们可以在价位战上 打败大航空公司 |
[1:26:03] | Two: advertising. More, and aggressive. We attack the majors. | 第2 打广告是很重要的 要更加积极以打击大公司 |
[1:26:08] | Three: expansion. We expand our hubs to Atlanta, North Carolina and St Louis. | 第3 扩张 我们将航线扩展至亚特兰大 北卡罗莱纳和圣路易 |
[1:26:12] | And we reorganise all of our feeder schedules. | 而我们也将重新规划航线 |
[1:26:15] | We gotta think big, guys. We’re going after the majors. | 我们得要有大格局 我们要跟大公司争地盘 |
[1:26:21] | Well, cards on the table, guys. What do you say? | 牌都摊在桌上了 各位 你们怎么说 |
[1:26:25] | Well, if you mean what you say, I think we’re probably in the ballpark. | 如果你说的全是真的 那就可以商量 |
[1:26:29] | – I guess I can take it to my people. – Good. | -我可以拿给我的人看看 -很好 |
[1:26:33] | You’ve sketched broad strokes. I’d like to see the fine print. | 你只描绘出了个大概 我想要知道全盘的详细规划 |
[1:26:36] | But I like what I hear so far. | 但到目前为止 我觉得不错 |
[1:26:44] | I guess if a man lives long enough he gets to see everything and I do mean everything. | 我想人若是活得够久 什么事都会看见 世界真是无奇不有 |
[1:26:49] | What else you got in your bag of tricks, Mr Gekko? | 你葫芦里还卖了什么药 |
[1:26:54] | Frankly, Carl, | 老实说 卡尔 |
[1:26:55] | I can’t see giving much more, but, if you have any suggestions, I’ll listen. | 我能想到的都提出来了 但若你还有建议我洗耳恭听 |
[1:27:01] | “There came into Egypt a Pharaoh who did not know.” | 法老来到埃及却不自知 |
[1:27:04] | – I beg your pardon. ls that a proverb? – No, a prophecy. | -不好意思 那是成语吗 -不 这是预言 |
[1:27:08] | The rich have been doing it to the poor since time began. | 富人自开天辟地之时 便是如此对待穷人 |
[1:27:11] | The only difference is the Egyptians didn’t allow unions. | 金字塔和帝国大厦最大的差别 只在于埃及人不允许工会存在 |
[1:27:15] | I know what this guy’s all about…greed. | 我看穿了这种人 贪婪两字 |
[1:27:18] | He don’t care about Bluestar or the unions. | 他才不在乎蓝星或是工会 |
[1:27:20] | He’s in for the buck. He don’t take prisoners. | 他只想趁机捞一笔 不留活口 |
[1:27:23] | Wait a minute, Dad. | 爸 你别急 |
[1:27:24] | Sure. What’s worth doing is worth doing for money. | 当然 最值得做的事就是赚钱 |
[1:27:28] | It’s a bad bargain if nobody gains. And if we do this deal, everybody gains. | 赔钱的生意没有人想做 但这笔交易是有钱大家赚 |
[1:27:34] | Course, my son worked as a baggage handler and freight loader for three summers. | 我儿子是在这家航空公司做过 3个暑假的行李员和运货工 |
[1:27:38] | With those qualifications, he can run an airline! | 以这样的资历而言 他当然可以经营一家航空公司 |
[1:27:42] | Fine. Stay with the present management… | 无所谓 若你不想和我们打交道 |
[1:27:45] | ..dedicated to running you and your airline into the ground. | 尽管去和人渣管理阶层瞎搅和 直到你们和航空公司被整垮 |
[1:27:49] | That scum buiIt the company up with one plane and made something out of nothing. | 那个人渣30年前以一架飞机 建立了这家公司 从无到有 |
[1:27:54] | If that’s a scum, I’ll take it over a rat any day. | 如果那是人渣的话 我宁愿跟人渣 也不跟鼠辈 |
[1:27:57] | You know where I stand. Good night, all. | 你们都知道我的立场了 晚安 |
[1:28:06] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[1:28:11] | Congratulations, Dad! You did a greatjob embarrassing me, not to mention yourself! | 爸 恭喜你了 你成功地让我大出洋相 你自己就更别提了 |
[1:28:17] | Save the “workers unite” speech. I heard it too much growing up! | 你少搬弄”工人站起来”那套 我从小到大已经听多了 |
[1:28:21] | – Oh, yeah? – You’ll get axed. No two ways about it. | -是吗 -是 你会被解雇 没有别条路 |
[1:28:24] | You and the whole shitty airline are going down the tubes! | 你和那家烂航空公司就等死吧 |
[1:28:28] | And if it isn’t Gekko, it’s gonna be some other killer! | 今天若不是盖柯 也会有别人想来动脑筋 |
[1:28:36] | He’s using you, kid. | 儿子 他在利用你 |
[1:28:38] | He’s got your prick in his pocket, but you’re too blind to see it. | 他把你死死地掌握住了 但你却盲目到看不出来 |
[1:28:42] | No. I see ajealous old machinist… | 不 我看到的是一个老机工 |
[1:28:44] | ..who can’t stand the fact that his son’s more successful than he is! | 嫉妒他儿子比他成功的事实 |
[1:28:48] | What you see is a guy who never measured a man’s success by the size of his wallet! | 你看到的这个人 从不以皮夹厚薄来衡量成功 |
[1:28:54] | That’s cos u never had the guts to go out into the world and stake ur own claim! | 那是因你从没胆量去放手一搏 |
[1:29:08] | Boy, if that’s the way you feel, I must’ve done a really lousy job as a father. | 若你是这样觉得 我这个父亲还做得真逊 |
[1:29:18] | As far as being axed, I’m still around,… | 就算我被解雇 我人还在 |
[1:29:20] | ..and I have a responsibility to the union membership I represent. | 只要我人还在的一天 我就对我代表的工会有责任 |
[1:29:24] | Your responsibility is to present the facts, not opinions, to your men. | 你的责任是对手下据实以报 而不是诉说你个人的主观意见 |
[1:29:28] | You’ll destroy their lives. Let them decide for themselves. | 你这样会毁了他们的生活 就让工会的会员自己去决定 |
[1:29:32] | My men will want to know what’s going on, and I won’t lie to them! | 若我的人明早来问我怎么回事 我要是说谎就不得好死 |
[1:29:36] | Oh, yeah, your men! Your fuckin’ men! | 对 你的人那些可恶的人 |
[1:29:39] | All my life your men have been able to count on you! | 我一生中 你的人都能指望你 |
[1:29:42] | Why have you never been there for me?! | 你怎么就从未替我着想过 |
[1:29:46] | What if you’re wrong? | 而且万一你错了呢 |
[1:29:48] | What if one day the sun didn’t rise in the east, and for once ur compass’s off? | 万一哪天太阳不从东边升起 万一有一次你的指南针不灵了呢 |
[1:29:54] | Would you be willing to wreck your men’s future? My future? | 你愿意毁掉自己人的前途吗 我的前途 |
[1:29:57] | Dad, think for a change. Be practical. I’m asking you. I’m fuckin’ begging you! | 爸 换个角度思考 实际一点 我求你 我这是在求你 |
[1:30:04] | I don’t go to sleep with no whore and I don’t wake up with no whore. | 我从不拿人手短 也绝不吃人嘴软 |
[1:30:08] | That’s how I live with myself. I don’t know how you do it. | 这是我生活的原则 我不知道你是怎么了 |
[1:30:12] | I hope I’m wrong about this guy… but I’ll let the men decide for themselves. | 我希望是我误会了这个家伙 不过我会让大伙自己决定 |
[1:30:17] | That much I promise you. | 我只能保证做到这样 |
[1:30:45] | You should look at this, Chief. A guy at Jackson Steinem… | 老大 我想你该看看这个 看来杰史证券有个人 |
[1:30:49] | ..buying large chunks of Teldar Paper for an offshore account. | 用海外帐户大笔买进泰达纸业 |
[1:30:59] | So, what’s the problema? | 有什么问题吗 |
[1:31:01] | – Do you know what the fuck the problem is? – What? | -你知道这是怎么回事吗 -什么 |
[1:31:05] | – You don’t know? – I don’t know. | -你不知道 -我不知道 |
[1:31:08] | I get a strange call from the SEC. They asked to see my records. | 我接到证管会一通奇怪的电话 他们要看我的记录 |
[1:31:12] | – This is heavy, Bud. – Hey, hey, hey, relax! Relax, Roger. | -巴德 这可是这很严重的 -罗杰 你别紧张 |
[1:31:17] | You’re 82M in the account numbers and I’m the invisible man. | 你的名字没有在我的纪录上 他们追查不到我的 |
[1:31:19] | Well, that’s good for you, Bud. | 巴德 这是对你有利 |
[1:31:22] | They’re always looking for red flags. Gekko’s always getting checked by ’em. | 证管会总是在找把柄 盖柯也老是被他们调查 |
[1:31:27] | They never come up with anything, Rog. | 但他们从未抓到证据 |
[1:31:32] | Hey… we’re invulnerable on this one. | 我们是这次是刀枪不入 |
[1:31:36] | I just wanna slow down, Bud. | 好你听着 我只是想喘口气 |
[1:31:39] | All right? | 好吗 |
[1:31:40] | No more lunches, no calls, all right? We suspend our business, all right? | 别找我吃午饭 别打电话 我们暂停生意的往来 好吗 |
[1:31:45] | Whatever you want, Rog. It’s cool. | 全都依你 罗杰 没事的 |
[1:31:49] | Excuse me. Hey, Rog, can you come back in? Bring the cost report. | 抱歉 罗杰 能进来开会吗 顺便把成本报告带过来 |
[1:31:52] | We’re starting again. | 会议要继续进行 |
[1:31:56] | Gekko’s asked us into the Bluestar deal. We’re reviewing timetables. | 盖柯要我们研究蓝星的交易 我们在正在评估时间表 |
[1:32:01] | – You wanna come? – He didn’t tell me about that. | -你要来吗 -他没跟我说这件事 |
[1:32:04] | You’re only the president of the company. What the hell do you know anyway, right? | 你只是航空公司的总裁而已 哪里懂什么 对吧 |
[1:32:20] | – Guys, new chief of Bluestar – Bud Fox. | -各位 蓝星的新老大 -福巴德 |
[1:32:23] | – Hi. – Hello, Bud. | -你好 -巴德 你好 |
[1:32:25] | Guys, what’s the problem? It’s time to kill. | 各位 还等什么 变卖的时候到了 |
[1:32:29] | Gekko’s got 12% of the stock and climbing. | 盖柯有12%的股票 持续上涨中 |
[1:32:31] | Plus he’s got the unions in his back pocket. | 外加工会也在他的掌握中 |
[1:32:34] | Everybody knows the stock’s in play. By next week the street will own Bluestar. | 大家都会疯狂买进蓝星 到下星期 人人手上都有蓝星 |
[1:32:38] | Is the bank financing in place? | 银行融资准备就绪了吗 |
[1:32:41] | Or are we gonna sit around and have more of these ridiculous meetings? | 还是要不断开这种荒唐会议 |
[1:32:45] | Our firm committed weeks ago 25% of the total long-term debt structure. | 我们公司几周前就已承诺 给你们25%的长期债券融资 |
[1:32:51] | Unless you guys sign this piece of paper right now,… | 除非你们现在就签字 |
[1:32:55] | ..I’m gonna pull and go to another bank for the 75. | 不然我就抽腿 找另一家银行 拿其他的75% |
[1:32:59] | Look, we’ve got 30 banks ready to participate in a 4-year revolving credit line. | 我们有30家银行预备参与 4年期的循环信用贷款 |
[1:33:05] | We must have ur assurance u will pay back most of the loan in the 1st 12 months. | 但你们必须向我们保证在前12个月偿还大部份贷款 |
[1:33:12] | The only way we can see this happening is liquidating the hangars and the planes. | 我们唯一能做到的方法 就是清算机棚和飞机 |
[1:33:18] | Can you people guarantee the liquidation of Bluestar? | 你们担保能清算蓝星吗 |
[1:33:22] | Guarantee? No sweat! | 担保 没问题 |
[1:33:24] | We got the Bleezburgs lined up to build condos where the hangars are. | 毕氏兄弟等着在机棚的位置 兴建一批公寓 |
[1:33:28] | We lay the airplanes off to the Mexicans, who are dumb enough to buy ’em! | 我们也把飞机推销给墨西哥人 也只有这种呆瓜才会买 |
[1:33:32] | And I got the Texas boys drooling at my kneecaps for the routes and slots. | 德州航空也有人来求我 要我释出航线以及登机门 |
[1:33:36] | What’s your problem? It’s done! | 那还有什么问题就这么办吧 |
[1:33:39] | Here’s the price tags on the 737s, gates, hangars, routes. | 这是波音737 登机门 机棚还有航线的价格表 |
[1:33:43] | We got it nailed right down to the typewriters. | 蓝星的每笔资产都标好价了 就连打字机也是 |
[1:33:46] | The beauty of this deal is the overfunded pension. | 这一起交易最棒的地方 就是那笔超额筹资的退休基金 |
[1:33:49] | Gekko makes $75m there. | 盖柯在那里有7千5百万 |
[1:33:53] | 50 million buys him the minimum annuities for 6,000 employees,… | 5千万供作遣散6千名员工的保险年金之用 |
[1:33:58] | ..and he walks away with the rest. I figure he’ll make… He’ll clear $60-70m. | 剩下的都归他所有 我估算他也能赚上个 1千6百万元 |
[1:34:05] | Not bad for a month’s work. | 以1个月的工夫来讲算不错了 |
[1:34:09] | Your boy really did his homework, Fox. | 福 你的搭档还真是厉害 |
[1:34:11] | And you’ll have the shortest executive career since that Pope that got poisoned. | 你这个总裁做得 比那个被毒死的教宗还短命 |
[1:34:17] | Now he’ll really start believing he’s Gekko the Great. | 这会儿他真要自封盖柯大帝了 |
[1:34:22] | – He’d like to change that appointment. – Hold this. | -他想更改约定的时间 -拿着 |
[1:34:26] | Bud, you can’t go in! He’s in a meeting! | 巴德 你不能进去 他在开会 |
[1:34:28] | Alex has come up with an ingenious way for us to… | 艾力克想到一个绝顶聪明的 |
[1:34:33] | I didn’t know we had a meeting today, sport. | 我不知道我们今天有约 |
[1:34:36] | I didn’t, either. I think we should talk, Gordon. | 我也不知道 盖柯 我们得谈谈 |
[1:34:40] | – Would you excuse us for a second? – Won’t you come this way, gentlemen? | -各位请先离开一下 -这边走 先生 |
[1:34:46] | Thank you, Alex. | 谢谢你 艾力克 |
[1:34:50] | What do you want? | 你到底要干什么 |
[1:34:51] | I just found out about the garage sale at Bluestar. | 我刚发现贱价拍卖蓝星的事 |
[1:34:54] | Why?! | 为什么 |
[1:34:59] | Last night I was reading Rudy Winnie-the-Pooh and the Honey Pot. | 昨晚我在念维尼小熊和蜂蜜罐的故事给鲁迪听 |
[1:35:02] | You know what happened? He stuck his nose in the pot too often and he got stuck. | 你也知道结局是如何 他老把鼻子塞进罐子里 结果被卡住了 |
[1:35:09] | Maybe you oughta read him Pinocchio. | 或许你该念”皮诺丘”给他听 |
[1:35:11] | I thought you were gonna turn Bluestar around, not upside down! | 我原以为你想让蓝星起死回生 而非让它支离破碎 |
[1:35:16] | – You fuckin’ used me! – You’re walking around blind without a cane. | -你利用了我 -你这就像是在摸瞎 |
[1:35:20] | A fool and his money are lucky to even meet. | 傻瓜能赚到过钱就算走运了 |
[1:35:23] | – Why do you need to wreck this company? – Because it’s wreckable, all right?! | -但你为何要毁了这公司 -因为它有漏洞 可以吗 |
[1:35:28] | I took another look. I changed my mind. | 我换了个角度想 就变卦了 |
[1:35:31] | If they lose their jobs, they got nowhere to go! | 这些人失业之后会无路可去 |
[1:35:34] | My father has worked there for 24 years! I gave him my word! | 我父亲在那里工作了24年 我向他保证过 |
[1:35:38] | It’s all about bucks, kid. | 说来说去都是向”钱”看齐 |
[1:35:41] | The rest is conversation. | 其他的只是题外话 |
[1:35:43] | Buddy, you’ll still be president. | 巴德 你还是总裁 好吗 |
[1:35:46] | When the time comes, you’ll parachute out a rich man. | 当时辰一到 你靠着保障条款 就等着发财吧 |
[1:35:49] | With the money you’ll make, your dad’s never got to work again. | 照你所能赚的钱来看 你父亲这辈子都无须再工作 |
[1:35:54] | So tell me, Gordon, when does it all end, huh? | 你告诉我 戈登 这一切何时才会结束 |
[1:35:58] | How many yachts can you water-ski behind? How much is enough? | 你一次能坐几艘游艇滑水 你要赚多少钱才够 |
[1:36:01] | It’s not a question of enough, pal. It’s a zero-sum game. | 这不是够不够的问题 这是场不能平局的游戏 |
[1:36:05] | Somebody wins, somebody loses. | 非输即赢 |
[1:36:08] | Money itself isn’t lost or made, it’s simply transferred… | 金钱本身并没有输赢 只是转手了而已 |
[1:36:12] | ..from one perception to another, like magic. | 就像变戏法一样 |
[1:36:16] | This painting here. I bought it ten years ago for $60,000. | 10年前我以6万元买下这幅画 |
[1:36:20] | I could sell it today for six hundred. The illusion has become real. | 今天我可以60万卖出 幻觉变成了真实 |
[1:36:25] | And the more real it becomes, the more desperate they want it. | 而越是真实 他们就越爱 |
[1:36:30] | Capitalism at its finest. | 这就是资本主义的美妙之处 |
[1:36:33] | How much is enough, Gordon? | 你要赚多少才够 戈登 |
[1:36:38] | The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth. Five trillion dollars. | 国内前1%的富翁 拥有这国家一半的财富 5兆 |
[1:36:45] | One third comes from hard work, two thirds from inheritance,… | 1/3是来自于卖命工作 2/3是来自于继承遗产 |
[1:36:49] | ..interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons,… | 在利滚利之下 就连寡妇和白痴儿子都能发财 |
[1:36:52] | ..and what I do: stock and real-estate speculation. | 而我是做什么的呢 炒房地产 投机股票 |
[1:36:57] | It’s bullshit. | 这是胡说八道 |
[1:36:58] | You got 90% of the American public with little or no net worth. | 90%的美国大众 不负债就已经很偷笑了 |
[1:37:03] | I create nothing. | 我不去创造 |
[1:37:06] | I own. | 但我能拥有 |
[1:37:09] | We make the rules, pal. | 规则是我订的 朋友 |
[1:37:11] | The news, war, peace, famine, upheaval, the price of a paperclip. | 新闻 战争 和平 饥荒 动乱 回纹针的价格 |
[1:37:16] | We pick that rabbit out of the hat while everybody wonders how the hell we did it. | 我们由帽中变出兔子 大家却只能坐着纳闷 |
[1:37:22] | You’re not naive enough to think we’re living in a democracy, are you, Buddy? | 你不会天真到以为 我们是活在民主国家里吧 |
[1:37:26] | It’s the free market, and you’re part of it. | 这是个自由市场 而你也置身其中 |
[1:37:31] | Yeah. You got that killer instinct. | 对 你有那种杀手的直觉 |
[1:37:37] | Stick around, pal. I still got a lot to teach you. | 别急着走 你要跟我学的还有很多 |
[1:37:40] | Obviously. | 显然是这样 |
[1:37:41] | Oh, Buddy, come on. I was gonna tell you about it. | 好了 巴德 别这样 我原本就打算告诉你这件事 |
[1:37:45] | Calm down, all right? We’ll have dinner tonight. Bring Darien. | 冷静点 今晚到我家吃个便饭 你带黛玲一起来 |
[1:37:48] | No, I can’t make it tonight. | 不 今晚不行 |
[1:37:50] | Hey, Buddy. | 巴德 |
[1:37:52] | Are you with me? | 你跟我是同一道的吗 |
[1:37:56] | I need to know if you’re with me. | 我得知道我们是否还在一道 |
[1:38:00] | I’m with you, Gordon. | 我跟你是同一道的 |
[1:38:06] | – Natalie, I’ll be right there. – Yes, Mr Gekko. | -娜塔丽 我马上就好 -是 |
[1:38:17] | – Yeah? – Yeah, Ollie. | -谁 -欧里 |
[1:38:20] | Tell them I want ziplocked mouths on the Bluestar deal,… | 你告诉他们 我不许蓝星交易的风声外泄 |
[1:38:23] | ..or I’ll come down there and rip out their fuckin’ throats. | 否则我就亲自去解决他们 |
[1:39:10] | Bud? | 巴德 |
[1:39:14] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[1:39:21] | I’ve been played like a grand piano by the master, Gekko the Great. | 我一路都被人当成猴子耍 由盖柯大帝操刀 |
[1:39:27] | Today was the big crash,… | 我今天看到了惨烈的真相 |
[1:39:30] | ..the liquidation sale. | 清算大拍卖 |
[1:39:33] | He’s gonna carve Bluestar into little pieces and sell it all off. | 他要把蓝星大卸八块卖掉 |
[1:39:38] | Bastard! | 王八蛋 |
[1:39:40] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[1:39:42] | I was afraid something like this could happen. | 我就怕会发生这种事 |
[1:39:45] | I handed it to him on a silver platter. I told my father… | 我竟然还自己双手奉上 我跟我父亲和那些人信誓旦旦 |
[1:39:49] | Bud! Bud, it’s not your fault. | 巴德 这不是你的错 |
[1:39:53] | And it’s not your decision. | 也不是你的决定 |
[1:39:55] | I’m not gonna let it happen. | 我不会让它发生的 |
[1:39:58] | Don’t cross Gordon. He’ll crush you. | 你去别招惹戈登 他会让你死无葬身之地 |
[1:40:02] | If Gordon doesn’t buy Bluestar, someone else will. | 要是戈登不买蓝星 别人也会 |
[1:40:05] | Who’s to say they won’t do the same? | 谁敢保证他们不会做同样的事 |
[1:40:09] | At least I won’t be pulling the trigger. | 至少不会是我扣的板机 |
[1:40:13] | Why are you doing this? You’ve worked hard to get where you are. | 这是何苦呢 你拼了老命才有今天的成就 |
[1:40:19] | We’re so close. You don’t wanna throw it all away. | 我们就快接近云霄了 你不会想要抛弃这一切吧 |
[1:40:23] | Look, I can stay with the firm, and you’re doing fine. | 我可以继续待在公司 你也做得不错 |
[1:40:27] | We can survive without Gordon Gekko. | 我们没有戈登·盖柯也能过活 |
[1:40:37] | I’m not looking to just survive. | 我不只是要过活 |
[1:40:40] | I’ve been doing that all my life. | 我已经活了一辈子了 |
[1:40:43] | Cut this self-pity crap, Bud! | 别再自怨自艾了 巴德 |
[1:40:46] | What the hell’s that supposed to mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[1:40:51] | It means if you make an enemy of Gordon Gekko, I can’t be there to stand by you. | 意思是若你与戈登为敌 我无法在你身边支持你 |
[1:40:58] | Oh, yeah? Do you really mean that? | 是吗 你是说真的 |
[1:41:02] | What did he promise you? To take you public? | 他答应了你什么 让你的公司上市 |
[1:41:07] | Without his money and seal of approval I’m not such a hot investment any more. | 若少了戈登的财力和护航 我就不算是热门投资 对吧 |
[1:41:12] | – You’re just the best money can buy, Darien. – You’re not exactly pure, Bud. | -原来你也是有个价码在 -你也不是那么纯洁 巴德 |
[1:41:18] | You went after Gekko and me with the same vengeance. Look in the mirror. | 你一心想找盖柯复仇 却对我也怀着一样的恨意 先看看镜子 |
[1:41:22] | I’m looking, and I sure don’t like what I see. | 我有在看 我的确不喜欢我所看见的 |
[1:41:27] | Fair enough. But it’s not that simple, Bud. | 这很正常 但没有那么简单 |
[1:41:32] | When I was down and had nothing, it was Gordon who helped me. | 当我一无所有时 是戈登拉了我一把 |
[1:41:36] | He got me all my clients …you among them … | 我的客户全是他介绍的 你也是其中一个 |
[1:41:39] | and he can take them away from me like that. | 而他也能轻而易举地收回 |
[1:41:43] | You may find out that when you’ve had money and lost it,… | 有一天你或许会发现 |
[1:41:47] | – ..it’s worse than never having had it at all. – Oh, yeah? | -曾经富有过的人 比穷一辈子的人还惨 -是吗 |
[1:41:50] | That is bullshit! | 那是胡说八道 |
[1:41:57] | You step out that door and I am changing the locks! | 你若敢走出那道门 我就换门锁 |
[1:42:04] | You may not believe this, Bud, but I really do care for you. | 巴德 或许你不相信 但我真的关心你 |
[1:42:10] | We would’ve made a good team. | 我们本能成为很好的伙伴 |
[1:42:13] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[1:42:16] | Get the fuck outta here! | 滚你妈逼出去 |
[1:42:33] | The market is dead right now. Even the rich are bitching. | 房地产市场现在一片萧条 就连有钱人都在哎哎叫 |
[1:42:37] | The only thing moving is the termites and cockroaches, and my commission… | 唯一会动的只剩白蚁和蟑螂了 以我所赚的高佣金 |
[1:42:41] | Look, save the rap, all right? Just sell the fucker, fast! | 废话少说 好吗 快点把这地方卖掉就是了 |
[1:42:53] | There he is. Where you been the last two days? | 他来了 巴德 这两天你去哪了 |
[1:42:56] | Janet, get my father on the phone and… | 珍奈 打电话给我父亲 以及另外两名工会代表 |
[1:42:58] | Your mom’s been calling. Your father’s… | 你母亲打电话来 你父亲他 |
[1:43:01] | – What happened? – He had a heart attack, but he’s OK. | -出了什么事 -他心脏病发 但他没事了 |
[1:43:04] | – He’s at St John’s. – Oh, Christ! | -他人在圣约翰医院 -天啊 |
[1:43:14] | Mom? How is he? | 妈 他还好吗 |
[1:43:17] | He was complaining about chest pains at work. | 他在工作时抱怨胸口痛 |
[1:43:19] | The next thing I know he’s collapsed. You gotta talk to him. | 然后就昏倒在地上 你得去和他谈谈 |
[1:43:23] | Don’t worry, he’s a tough old nut. He’s got another 20 years. | 放心 你爸身体硬朗得很 至少还有20年好活 |
[1:43:27] | – He’s gonna be fine, Buddy. – Is he conscious? | -他不会有事的 -他醒了吗 |
[1:43:47] | Hiya, Dad. | 爸 你好 |
[1:43:50] | You’re looking younger every day. | 你越来越年轻了 |
[1:43:54] | Didn’t I tell you never to lift a 747 by yourself? | 我不是说过 别自己一个人抬747客机吗 |
[1:44:02] | You even got me smoking now. | 我受你影响 现在也抽烟了 |
[1:44:07] | It’s your second heart attack, Dad. | 爸 这是你第2次心脏病发 |
[1:44:11] | You’re pushing your luck. I hope you know that. | 我希望你知道 这是在玩命 |
[1:44:16] | I guess I never told you,… | 我从没告诉过你 |
[1:44:18] | ..but I love you, Dad. | 老爸我爱你 |
[1:44:24] | I love you so much! | 我好爱你 |
[1:44:29] | I’m sorry… about the things I said. | 我对我曾说过的话抱歉 |
[1:44:35] | You’re the only honest man I know. | 你是我所认识唯一正直的人 |
[1:44:38] | The best. | 最正直的 |
[1:44:42] | I got a plan, Dad. I can save the airline. | 我有个计划能挽救航空公司 |
[1:44:44] | I know you got no reason to believe me, but you have to trust me, OK? | 你没有理由相信我 但你得信我这一次 好吗 |
[1:44:50] | I need to speak to the union members. | 我必须和工会代表谈 |
[1:44:54] | Can I speak for you? | 我能代你发言吗 |
[1:44:58] | Your words, not mine. | 我说你的话 不说自己的话 |
[1:45:03] | OK. | 好 |
[1:45:14] | I gotta go. | 我要走了 |
[1:45:16] | I’m proud of you. | 我以你为荣 |
[1:45:28] | The stock’s at 19 1/4, and it’s going up. | 股价19.25 上涨中 |
[1:45:31] | Gekko figures, by breaking up Bluestar, it’s 30 bucks a share. | 盖柯认为通过清算蓝星 每股至少能涨到30元 |
[1:45:34] | He’ll buy up to 24 and still think he’s making money. | 他最高会在23 24买进 还认为自己在赚钱 |
[1:45:38] | How do you know it’ll go up? | 你怎知道还会涨 |
[1:45:40] | You don’t wanna know, Duncan. Let’s just say I have some friends. | 我多说了你也不会想知道 姑且就说我有朋友在 |
[1:45:45] | OK. What happens now? | 好 那现在呢 |
[1:45:48] | When it hits 23, you go to Gekko and lower the boom. | 当涨到23的时候 你们去将盖柯一军 |
[1:45:51] | When he learns he has no union concessions, he’ll jump ship. | 等他知道没有工会做后盾 他就会抛光蓝星的股票 |
[1:45:55] | Yeah, but who’ll buy then, | 没错 但到时谁会去买 |
[1:45:56] | and what’s to prevent some other shark devouring us? | 说不定又有狠角色想吞掉我们这要由谁来阻止 |
[1:46:03] | We have an appointment to see Mr Wildman. | 我们跟怀曼先生有约 |
[1:46:06] | Sir Lawrence, or can I call you Larry? | 赖瑞爵士 我能叫你赖瑞吗 |
[1:46:10] | What would you say to owning Bluestar Airlines, with union concessions,… | 你想不想拥有蓝星航空公司 每股18元 |
[1:46:14] | ..at $18 a share,… | 加上工会支持 |
[1:46:16] | ..and, in the process, hanging Gordon Gekko out in the wind to twist? | 而且还能好好修理盖柯一顿 |
[1:46:21] | I might be very interested. Why you, mate? | 我或许很有兴趣 |
[1:46:25] | What’s a bloke like you doing mixed up with Gekko? | 你这种人怎么会扯上盖柯 |
[1:46:29] | Let’s just say that me and Mr Gekko have a serious conflict of interest. | 姑且说是我和盖柯先生 有严重的利益冲突 |
[1:46:35] | But we all wanna see this airline work. | 但你我都乐见这航空公司运作 |
[1:46:38] | These figures show that it can. | 这些数据就能证明 |
[1:46:42] | You’re prepared to take these large salary cuts? | 你们会接受如此大幅的裁薪 |
[1:46:46] | We are, but we want a contract agreement that’s ironclad. | 对 我们会 但我们双方得签署合约 |
[1:46:50] | So if you buy it, you can’t break it up. | 你买下公司后 不能解散公司 转卖图利 |
[1:46:56] | I’m still listening. | 我还在听 |
[1:47:04] | Oh, hi. Say, why don’t you get the hell out of my office? | 我说 你给我滚出我的办公室 |
[1:47:08] | I know I’ve been a schmuck lately. I want to apologise. | 马文 我知道我最近很讨人嫌 我是想来道歉的 |
[1:47:12] | You’ve been a real schmuck lately. So go thou and sin no more. | 你最近是很讨人嫌 从此不要再犯罪了 |
[1:47:16] | I wanna make it up to you. | 我想要补偿你 |
[1:47:20] | Bluestar. Put all your clients in it. | 叫你所有的客户都去买蓝星 |
[1:47:29] | OK, Buddy-Buddy. | 好吧 好兄弟 |
[1:47:31] | We are back in business on Bluestar. | 我们重新进军蓝星 |
[1:47:38] | Bluestar, Mr Mannheim. Put all your clients in it. It’s gonna move. | 曼先生 要所有客户去买蓝星 保证会涨 |
[1:47:43] | I don’t know where you get your information, son, but I don’t like it. | 我不知道你这情报是哪来的 但我不喜欢 |
[1:47:48] | The main thing about money, Bud… it makes you do things you don’t wanna do. | 巴德 钱最大的魅力就是 让你去做你不想做的事 |
[1:47:57] | Marty, a favour. | 马帝 帮我个忙 让你赚点手续费 |
[1:48:00] | 200,000 shares Bluestar at 19 1/2. Can you position it in an equity fund? | 在19.5买进20万股蓝星 你能先用衡平基金进场吗 |
[1:48:03] | – The Chronicle is on seven. – Hold, Marty. | -华尔街记事报在7线 -马帝 你等等 |
[1:48:07] | Listen, Blue Horseshoe loves Bluestar Airlines. Got it? | 听着 蓝色马蹄爱蓝星航空 懂了吗 |
[1:48:12] | – Got it. – Right. Marty, you still there? | -懂了 -好 马帝 你还在吗 |
[1:48:15] | Bluestar’s in play. Let’s check it out. | 有人要炒作蓝星 咱们去查查 |
[1:48:27] | – 19 1/4, 3 1/2. 5,000. – 3 1/2 at 10,000. | -卖价19.25 买价19.375 -19.375买1万股 卖了 |
[1:48:33] | I do love it so. | 妙不可言 |
[1:48:37] | Gordon, I see it at 215 1/2. I don’t know what to make of it. | 戈登 现在价位是21.625 |
[1:48:40] | The word is out, pal! Your union buddies are talking. | 话传开了 朋友 你的工会朋友漏了风声 |
[1:48:45] | You get me in at a 45-degree angle. All the way in. | 你在居中价位替我全力买进 |
[1:48:49] | You slash and burn, you buy everything in sight up to 22, then call me. | 22元以内 有多少买多少 之后再联络我 |
[1:48:54] | When I get hold of whoever leaked this, | 等我抓到这个泄密的王八蛋 |
[1:48:56] | I’ll tear his eyes out and suck his fuckin’ skull! | 我一定让他不得好死 |
[1:49:09] | – Stock’s going to Pluto. – Start unloading. | -这支股票一路往上狂飚 -开始脱手 |
[1:49:11] | – What? Sell? – Dump it! Now! Dump it all! | -什么你说卖掉 -全部抛售 快 |
[1:49:14] | – Where’s Lou? – Right over there. | -卢呢 -他就在那边 |
[1:49:17] | Ken? Marvin. Jackson Steinem. | 肯吗 我是杰史证券的马文 |
[1:49:20] | Dump this baby. Take the money and run. We’re getting out. | 我们要抛光这支股票 趁现在快脱手 |
[1:49:24] | It’s gotta be a big hitter. | 这一定是大户 |
[1:49:26] | There’s some people from Bluestar demanding to see you. | 盖柯先生 蓝星航空有一群人坚持要见您 |
[1:49:29] | – What the hell do they want? – I’d be happy to tell you. | -他们要干嘛 -我很乐意告诉你 |
[1:49:33] | We know what you’re up to, Gekko, and you can go straight to hell! | 我们知道你的诡计 你下地狱吧 |
[1:49:38] | No way you’re gonna break up our airline. | 你休想变卖我们的航空公司 |
[1:49:40] | – If that’s my plan, it’s the first I’ve heard of it. – Would you put that in writing? | -我还是第一次听到这种说法 -那就麻烦你用白纸黑字写下来 |
[1:49:45] | We have an agreement, which I expect you to honour. | 我希望大家尊重彼此的协议 |
[1:49:49] | – Then you better have a pilot’s licence. – Don’t worry, the engines won’t fall out. | -这样的话 那你自己开飞机吧 -你大可放心 引擎不会掉下来 |
[1:49:54] | But those reservations can get screwed up if we don’t pay attention. | 但我们若没照顾好订位系统 那可就麻烦了 |
[1:49:58] | Baggage for St Petersburg could wind up in Pittsburgh. | 还有该是送往圣彼得堡的行李 搞不好会送到匹兹堡去了 |
[1:50:01] | Look, somebody else wants to buy your airline. | 好吧 有别人想买你们公司 |
[1:50:04] | You wanna be gobbled up by Attila the Hun, you be my guest! | 你们若想让他渔翁得利 那就请便 |
[1:50:09] | We’ll take our chances. | 我们愿意冒这个险 |
[1:50:11] | Nice to see you, Gekko! | 幸会 盖柯 |
[1:50:18] | Fox says Bluestarjust hit 23. What do you want him to do? | 巴德说蓝星刚涨到23 你要他怎么做 |
[1:50:24] | Sell it all. | 全部卖掉 |
[1:50:27] | – What the hell. So we only make 10 million. – Sell it. Yes, all of it. | -管他的 赚个1千万也好 -卖掉 对 通通卖掉 |
[1:50:33] | 10,000 at 7 1/2! | 22.875卖1万股 |
[1:50:35] | At 7 1/2, sold! | 再卖10万股 |
[1:50:38] | Frank, Frank, Frank, Frank, for chrissake! | 法兰克 搞什么鬼 |
[1:50:40] | Goddamn connection! | 这里的电话线怎么了 |
[1:50:42] | Bob, we’re in big trouble on BST. You gotta get out now. | 鲍伯 我是杰史证券的马文 情况不妙 赶紧出场 |
[1:50:47] | Another 30,000. Out! | 又卖了3万股 |
[1:50:48] | Gekko’s selling. There’s not many takers. The stock is plummeting. | 盖柯已摇摇欲坠 想脱手但没那么多人买 蓝星股票大幅下挫 |
[1:50:52] | I guess I’ll have to carry him a few rounds before he drops. | 那我要在蓝星狂跌之前 再跟盖柯来回个几轮 |
[1:50:58] | Don’t make a big deal of it. | 你别看得太严重 |
[1:51:00] | Buy it lightly on the way down. When it hits 18, buy it all. | 趁着下跌走势 一路少量地买 等跌到18就全部买入 |
[1:51:05] | Piece of cake, Larry. | 小意思 |
[1:51:11] | 8,000 at 18. | 18元8千股 |
[1:51:15] | What is offered at 18? | 什么股 |
[1:51:18] | 300,000… 300,000 at 18! | 30万股18元 |
[1:51:21] | 18 for 500,000! | 50万股18元 |
[1:51:22] | Sold! | 卖了 |
[1:51:26] | – I’ll sell you 50! – I’ll take it! | -50万股18元 -买了 |
[1:51:36] | – There’s gotta be a way outta this. – Sure. Why don’t you dial 911? | -戈登 一定有办法脱身的 -当然 不如打911试试 |
[1:51:39] | Fox is on four. | 巴德在4线上 |
[1:51:42] | Where the hell are you? I am losing millions. | 巴德 你死到哪去了 我赔了好几百万 |
[1:51:45] | You sure as hell better get me out of this,… | 是你拉我做这航空公司的 你最好能让我脱身 |
[1:51:48] | ..or the only job you’ll have on this street is sweeping it! | 否则你只能在华尔街扫地 听到了吗 |
[1:51:53] | You once told me, don’t get emotional about stock, Gordon. Don’t. | 你跟我说过 作股票不能感情用事 |
[1:51:57] | The bid is 16 1/2 and going down. As your broker, I advise you to take it. | 卖价是16.5 还在跌 身为你的营业员 我建议你认赔出场 |
[1:52:02] | Yeah? Well, you take it! Right in the ass, you fuckin’ scumbag cocksucker! | 是吗 你认赔出场吧 你这个狗养的杂碎 |
[1:52:08] | It’s two minutes to close, Gordon. What do you wanna do? Decide. | 离收盘只剩两分钟 戈登 要怎么做呢你自己决定 |
[1:52:17] | Dump it. | 全部卖掉 |
[1:52:25] | The big Wall Street story today was Bluestar Airlines. | 今天华尔街的大事件是股价大起大落的蓝星航空 |
[1:52:30] | Fuelled by takeover rumours, the stock soared to an all-time high of 24 1/8. | 受到公司转手谣言的激励 股价一度涨至24.125 创史上新高 |
[1:52:35] | When rumours later surfaced that the takeover was unfounded,… | 然后又证明转手只是谣传 |
[1:52:39] | ..buyers ran for cover and the stock plummeted to 16 1/2 before closing at 17. | 买方立刻调头 股票直线狂跌 最低至16.5 终场以17元作收 |
[1:52:46] | Then, amidst all the scuttlebutt, another rumble shook the street. | 今晚在谣言满天飞之际 又出现一个震撼股市的传闻 |
[1:52:51] | According to many sources. Raider Sir Lawrence Wildman has stepped in | 根据多方消息指出 |
[1:52:54] | and bought a substantial block of Bluestar,… | 怀曼爵士已大量购入蓝星股票 |
[1:52:56] | ..and will announce a deal tomorrow that includes the support of the unions. | 并将于明晚6时 宣布蓝星重整方案 此举已获得工会的支持 |
[1:53:01] | We talked with a leading stock market analyst,… | 记者访问到股市分析师 |
[1:53:04] | ..in order to understand the ramifications… | 以了解今日的震动行情对于 |
[1:53:07] | Son of a bitch! | 王八蛋 |
[1:53:20] | Smile, Carolyn. There’s justice in the world. | 笑一笑 卡洛琳 世上还是有正义 |
[1:53:37] | Good morning, folks. | 各位早 |
[1:53:52] | Did somebody die? | 有谁死了吗 |
[1:54:04] | Morning, Chuckie. Morning, Lou. | 早啊 查克 早啊 卢 |
[1:54:06] | Bud… | 巴德 |
[1:54:09] | Bud, I like you. | 我喜欢你 |
[1:54:12] | Just remember something. | 不过记住一件事 |
[1:54:20] | Man looks in the abyss. | 人往深渊里看 |
[1:54:23] | There’s nothing staring back at him. | 他看不到倒影 |
[1:54:25] | At that moment, man finds his character. | 人在此刻才能了解自己的个性 |
[1:54:29] | And that is what keeps him out of the abyss. | 而这也使他能离开深渊 |
[1:54:34] | I think I understand. | 我想我了解 |
[1:54:47] | Janet, get my father, will you? | 珍奈 打通电话给我父亲 |
[1:54:53] | He just came in. I’ll call you back. | 他刚进公司 我再打给你 |
[1:55:00] | I guess you’re not here to open an lRA. | 你们大概不是来开退休帐户的 |
[1:55:03] | Henry Patterson, Postal lnspection Service. Mr Ebenhopper, US Attorney’s office. | 我是邮务检查处的亨利 美国检察官办公室的哈先生 |
[1:55:09] | Evan Morrissey, Securities and Exchange Enforcement office. | 证管会的莫瑞斯先生 |
[1:55:12] | You’re under arrest for conspiracy to commit securities fraud,… | 你被逮捕了 福先生 罪名是涉嫌背信 |
[1:55:16] | ..and for violating the lnsider Traders Sanction Act. | 并违法从事内线交易行为 |
[1:55:19] | The minute I laid eyes on you, I knew you were no good. | 我第一眼就知道你不是好东西 |
[1:55:23] | You have the right to remain silent and refuse to answer questions. | 你有权保持缄默 并拒绝回答问题 |
[1:55:27] | Anything you do say may be used against you. | 但你所说的话将做为呈堂证供 |
[1:55:29] | You have the right to consult an attorney… | 你有权聘请律师陪同应讯 |
[1:55:32] | ..and to have an attorney present during any questioning. | 或由国家指派公设辩护律师 |
[1:56:04] | So long, Carolyn. | 再见了 卡洛琳 |
[1:56:19] | Hiya, Buddy. | 巴德 你好吗 |
[1:56:21] | Gordon. | 戈登 |
[1:56:22] | Sandbagged me on Bluestar, huh? | 你想用蓝星来捅我一刀 |
[1:56:26] | I guess you think you taught the teacher a lesson, that the tail can wag the dog, huh? | 你自以为能替老师上一课 你想要反客为主 |
[1:56:35] | Well, let me clue you in, pal. | 我来提点提点你 |
[1:56:37] | The ice is melting right underneath your feet. | 你脚下的冰开始溶化了 |
[1:56:44] | You think you could have gotten this far this fast with anybody else? | 要不是我 你能那么快就窜起 |
[1:56:48] | And dickin’ someone like Darien? | 要不是我 你能追上像黛玲那种人 |
[1:56:50] | No. | 不 |
[1:56:51] | You’d be cold-calling widows and dentists to buy fuckin’ dogshit stock! | 你只能打胡乱电话碰运气骗寡妇和牙医 买个20股稳赔的股票 |
[1:56:56] | I took you in! | 带你入门的是我 |
[1:56:59] | A nobody! | 你这个无名小卒 |
[1:57:01] | I opened doors for you. | 我为你开了一道门 |
[1:57:03] | I showed you how the system works, the value of information, how to get it! | 教会你这一行的运作方法 如何取得有价值的情报 |
[1:57:08] | Fulham Oil, Brant Resources, Geodynamics! | 富汉石油 布蓝特资源 大地力学 |
[1:57:11] | And this is how you fuckin’ pay me back, you cockroach! | 这就是你回报我的方法 |
[1:57:16] | I gave you Darien! | 我给了你黛玲 |
[1:57:19] | I gave you your manhood! I gave you everything! | 我给你男子气概 我给你一切 |
[1:57:35] | You coulda been one of the great ones, Buddy. | 你本来可以成为好手中的好手 |
[1:57:39] | I look at you… and I see myself. | 我看着你 如同看到我自己 |
[1:57:44] | Why? | 这是为什么 |
[1:57:48] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:57:51] | I guess I realised that… | 我想我终于了解到 |
[1:57:54] | ..I’m just Bud Fox. | 自己只是福巴德 |
[1:57:58] | As much as I wanted to be Gordon Gekko… | 不论我多想成为戈登·盖柯 |
[1:58:02] | ..I’ll always be Bud Fox. | 我永远只会是福巴德 |
[1:58:50] | I showed you how the system works, the value of information, how to get it! | 教会你这一行的运作方法 如何取得有价值的情报 |
[1:58:55] | Fulham Oil, Brant Resources… | 富汉石油 布蓝特资源 |
[1:59:00] | You did the right thing, Bud. | 巴德 你这么做是对的 |
[1:59:10] | You told the truth and gave the money back. | 你全盘拖出 把钱还了回去 |
[1:59:13] | All things considered in this cockamamie world, you’re shooting par. | 在这个可笑的世界当中 你算是正好及格 |
[1:59:17] | You helped save the airline, and they’ll remember you for it. | 你帮忙挽救了航空公司 他们会永远记得你 |
[1:59:20] | That’s right. Think about the job at Bluestar that Wildman offered you. | 若我是你 就会考虑怀曼先生 替你在蓝星安排的职位 |
[1:59:25] | Dad, I’m going to jail and you know it. | 爸 你也知道我就要去坐牢了 |
[1:59:27] | Yeah, well… maybe that’s the price, son. | 孩子 或许这就是代价 |
[1:59:31] | It’s gonna be hard on you,…that’s for sure. | 可以肯定的是 你在里头一定不好过 |
[1:59:33] | ..but maybe in a kind of screwed-up way | 不过换个角度来看 |
[1:59:36] | it’s the best thing that coulda happened to you. | 这也算是福气了 |
[1:59:38] | Stop going for the easy buck and produce something with your life. | 别再一心只想着赚容易钱 去做些事情让自己不枉此生 |
[1:59:42] | Create, instead of living off the buying and selling of others. | 自己去创造些什么 而不是靠别人吃饭 |
[1:59:52] | We’ll park the car and catch up with you. | 我们先去停车 再过去找你 |
[1:59:54] | All right. | 好 |