英文名称:Waiting for the Barbarians
年代:2019
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:56] | 等待野蛮人 | |
[03:54] | 夏 上校 | |
[04:24] | Colonel Joll? | 乔尔上校 |
[04:38] | It’s an honor to have you here. | 欢迎您大驾光临 |
[04:49] | Well, you… you must be exhausted. Please. | 您一定累坏了 请吧 |
[05:05] | Tell me, i-if you don’t mind me asking, | 恕我冒昧 您能告诉我 |
[05:08] | what… what are they for? | 为何要戴这个吗 |
[05:12] | They protect one’s eyes against the glare of the sun. | 这能防止太阳光刺眼 |
[05:16] | They save one from squinting. | 让人不必眯眼就能看清 |
[05:20] | Do you see? | 看见没 |
[05:22] | No wrinkles. | 没有皱纹 |
[05:25] | Fewer headaches. | 减少头痛 |
[05:28] | Yes, at home, everyone is wearing them. | 首都人人都戴墨镜 |
[05:31] | You would find them useful out here in the desert. | 在沙漠里 墨镜会很有用 |
[05:40] | Are you familiar with these parts of the frontier? | 您熟悉这部分边境吗 |
[05:44] | No. | 不 |
[05:47] | Not with this part, no. | 我不熟悉这边 |
[05:49] | With the south, but not with this part, not yet. | 我熟悉南部 但暂时还不熟悉这边 |
[05:54] | Well, it’s not a good time of the year to visit. | 现在可不是来访的好时节 |
[05:57] | You must feel the heat. | 炎炎酷暑很折磨人 |
[05:59] | I’m quite used to it, the heat. | 我倒习惯了炎热 |
[06:03] | I have leave due to me, | 我本该去休假 |
[06:05] | but I-I find myself reluctant to take it. | 但我不愿走 |
[06:09] | One grows to be a part of a place. | 我已入乡随俗 融入了这里 |
[06:13] | I’d feel like a foreigner if I went back to the capital. | 如果我回首都 反倒成了异乡人 |
[06:18] | And the capital, too, has changed, | 首都肯定也改变了 |
[06:20] | I’m sure, since my time. | 不是我离开时的样子了 |
[06:24] | I need to make an early start of my inspection. | 我要早早地开始我的视察 |
[06:27] | Breakfast early, please, first thing. | 早点准备早餐 一大早 |
[06:29] | Yes, sir. | 是 长官 |
[06:30] | So if you will excuse me, | 那失陪了 |
[06:33] | I need to get some rest. | 我得去休息一下 |
[06:36] | I’ll come by in the morning and fetch you. | 我明早过去接您 |
[07:00] | Magistrate. | 治安官好 |
[07:20] | But a soldier? | 但是军人 |
[07:21] | They… They don’t usually send soldiers on inspections, do they? | 他们一般不会派军人来视察 不是吗 |
[07:25] | who’s the inspector now? | 你倒摆出一副视察员的架子了 |
[07:27] | You’re far too inquisitive, my friend. | 你也太爱打听了 我的朋友 |
[07:29] | No, he’s not a soldier. | 不 他不是军队里的人 |
[07:30] | He wears a uniform, but he’s not a soldier. | 他穿制服 但他不是军人 |
[07:32] | He’s a policeman, a colonel of the police, | 他是个警察 上校军衔的警察 |
[07:35] | very important person from the Bureau of State Security. | 他是国家安全局来的重要人物 |
[07:39] | Once in every generation, | 每一代都会发生一次 |
[07:42] | without fail, along the frontier, | 从不例外 就在边境附近 |
[07:45] | there is an episode of hysteria about the barbarians. | 野蛮人一定会暴动 |
[07:51] | It’s the consequence of too much ease. | 毕竟安久必乱 |
[07:54] | Why don’t they leave us alone? | 为什么他们不肯放过我们 |
[07:56] | They have their own territories, don’t they? | 他们有自己的领地 不是吗 |
[07:59] | We have to protect ourselves. | 我们得自保 |
[08:01] | Protect ourselves, my dear? | 自保吗 亲爱的 |
[08:03] | Against what? Against whom? | 你要提防什么 提防谁 |
[08:05] | Against them. | 提防他们啊 |
[08:06] | We protect ourselves against wild animals, against snakes. | 我们得保护自己免受野兽和蛇的伤害 |
[08:10] | If an angry bear approaches you, | 如果一头愤怒的熊接近你 |
[08:13] | you’d kill it, Magistrate, wouldn’t you? | 你一定会杀了它 不是吗 治安官 |
[08:15] | No, my friends. | 不 我的朋友 |
[08:17] | I-I will be quite content to pass quietly away | 如果我能悄悄绕开 |
[08:21] | and merit no more than three lines in The Imperial Gazette | 并且让《皇家公报》只轻描淡写地报道三行 |
[08:25] | that with nudge here and a touch there, | 那我就心满意足了 |
[08:28] | I kept the world on its course. | 天行有常 我不愿多加干涉 |
[09:04] | We ready to go? | 可以出发了是吗 |
[09:16] | I must tell you that we don’t have proper facilities for prisoners. | 我得跟您说一声 我们没什么正式的监狱 |
[09:20] | There’s no need. | 也没必要建 |
[09:21] | There’s not much… There’s not much crime here, | 这地方…犯罪率很低 |
[09:24] | and the penalty’s usually a fine or compulsory labor, | 通常惩罚也就是罚款或者义务劳动 |
[09:29] | so we simply use the old barracks. | 所以我们直接用老营房来关犯人 |
[09:32] | Where we also store provisions. | 口粮也储存在那里 |
[09:41] | Just a minute. | 稍等一下 |
[09:43] | Let me speak with them. | 让我跟他们谈谈 |
[09:45] | I know a little of the language. | 我懂一点他们的语言 |
[09:59] | 孩子 | |
[10:01] | 我们想跟你谈谈 | |
[10:13] | I think it must be your glasses. | 可能问题出在你的墨镜上 |
[10:15] | He’s probably never seen anything like them before. | 他大概从没见过这种东西 |
[10:19] | He may think that you’re blind. | 他可能会觉得你是个瞎子 |
[10:29] | 长者 听我说 | |
[10:33] | 你因偷盗罪被关在这里 | |
[10:38] | Do you understand? | 你明白吗 |
[10:43] | 我们对羊被偷的事情一无所知 | |
[10:48] | 那些士兵无缘无故就拦住了我们 | |
[10:55] | 我们当时正赶路来这里买药 | |
[11:01] | 这是我妹妹的儿子 | |
[11:05] | 他有个伤口 一直不见好转 | |
[11:09] | 给这位阁下看看你的伤口 | |
[11:15] | Show the Excellency. | 给这位阁下看看 |
[11:27] | It’s his sister’s boy. | 这是他妹妹的儿子 |
[11:29] | They’ve come to get medicine. | 他们是来买药的 |
[11:33] | 无论如何都治不好 | |
[11:37] | Excellency. | 阁下 |
[11:40] | All right. | 好吧 |
[11:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[11:44] | Whatever you call it, | 不管你怎么说 |
[11:45] | banditry, sheep stealing, | 盗窃罪抑或是偷羊罪 |
[11:49] | it really… it doesn’t amount to much. | 实在是…没什么大不了的 |
[11:52] | These nomads, barbarians, if you will, | 这些游牧民族 野蛮人 |
[11:55] | will be gone in a month back up into the mountains. | 不出一个月就会回到深山里去 |
[11:57] | They migrate. They’re always on the move. | 他们会迁徙 他们永远在路上 |
[12:01] | He says he came for medicine. | 他说他来是为了买药 |
[12:03] | He may be telling the truth. Who knows? | 可能他说的是真话 谁又知道呢 |
[12:06] | Who would have brought an old man and a sick boy along on a raiding party? | 毕竟哪个突袭队会带上老弱病残 |
[12:11] | Nevertheless, I will question them. | 尽管如此 我还是要审讯他们 |
[12:15] | You can learn surprising things. | 审讯会揭晓让人意外的信息 |
[12:19] | I’ll bring one of my men along, | 我会带上一个我的人 |
[12:21] | and I will need someone to assist with the language. | 并且我还需要一个翻译 |
[12:23] | Well, let me. I-I’d be glad to help. | 那我来吧 我很乐意帮忙 |
[12:25] | No, no. | 不 不 |
[12:27] | You would find it tedious. | 你会觉得很乏味的 |
[12:29] | We have set procedures. | 我们有固定流程 |
[12:34] | Tell me, wh-what are your procedures? | 跟我说说 你们的流程是什么 |
[12:41] | Patience… | 耐心 |
[12:44] | and pressure. | 和压力 |
[12:47] | That is the only way to get to the truth. | 要听到真话 只有这个办法 |
[12:51] | But how do you know you are hearing the truth? | 但您怎么知道对方说的是真话 |
[12:57] | There is a certain tone. | 人说真话时有特定的语气 |
[13:01] | A certain tone enters the voice. | 说真话时会不自觉带上那种语气 |
[13:07] | You come to recognize it with training and experience. | 通过训练和经验 就能辨认出来 |
[13:14] | Can you tell whether I am telling the truth? | 您能判断出我是不是在说真话吗 |
[13:20] | You misunderstand. | 你误会了 |
[13:23] | I am speaking of particular situations, | 我说的特定情况是指 |
[13:25] | situations where I am probing for the truth. | 我盘问他们 想听到真话 |
[13:32] | First you get lies. | 一开始你会听到谎言 |
[13:36] | First lies, | 一开始是谎言 |
[13:38] | then pressure, | 然后施加压力 |
[13:39] | then more lies, | 然后是更多的谎言 |
[13:42] | then more pressure… | 于是施加更多的压力 |
[13:44] | then more lies, more pressure… | 随着谎言越来越多 压力也越来越大 |
[13:51] | and then comes the break. | 迟早会崩溃 |
[13:54] | After the break, more pressure… | 崩溃之后 再施加压力 |
[14:00] | and then at last the truth. | 最终就听到了真话 |
[14:07] | That is how you get it. | 这就是审讯的方法 |
[14:11] | Pain is truth. | 痛苦就是真实 |
[14:14] | All else is subject to doubt. | 其他一切都有待怀疑 |
[14:20] | No, that one says that the very same pig | 不 那人说同一头猪 |
[14:22] | keeps breaking in to his garden and damaging the produce, | 不断闯进他家菜园糟蹋农作物 |
[14:25] | and now he’s not going to give it back | 现在他把那头猪扣下了 |
[14:26] | until he’s paid compensation. | 要对方赔补偿金他才还 |
[14:29] | Excellency, the pig is worth a lot of money. | 阁下 那头猪值很多钱 |
[14:34] | His garden is worth nothing, nothing. | 而他的菜园一文不值 一文不值 |
[14:37] | It’s a nothing that has no proper fence. | 那破园子连个像样的篱笆都没有 |
[14:39] | Be quiet. Be quiet. | 安静 安静 |
[14:42] | Everybody knows that he doesn’t have a proper title. | 众所周知 他连正经的地契都没有 |
[14:45] | He can’t put up a fence, because he doesn’t have a proper title. | 他不能建篱笆 因为他没有地契 |
[14:48] | – Come on. Show him your title. – Just be quiet, please. | -来 给他看看你的地契 -请安静 |
[14:52] | Sir… | 长官 |
[14:53] | if I can speak to the Excellency? | 我能跟阁下说话吗 |
[14:56] | I have warned him many times about his pig, | 关于他的猪 我已经警告了他很多次 |
[14:59] | and he pays no attention. | 但他毫不上心 |
[15:01] | Why must I suffer for his pig? | 为什么他养猪 要让我来遭罪 |
[15:05] | “His pig.” You have his pig. | “他的猪” 你扣下了他的猪 |
[15:07] | I have his pig, | 我扣下了他的猪 |
[15:09] | and I am keeping it until he pays for the damages. | 除非他赔偿损失 否则我不会把猪还回去 |
[15:12] | Why should I pay? Who says I should pay? | 为什么我要赔钱 谁说我该赔钱了 |
[15:14] | Give him back his pig. | 把他的猪还给他 |
[15:17] | And? | 然后呢 |
[15:21] | And that is all. | 然后 到此为止 |
[15:54] | Sir. | 长官 |
[16:14] | Your bed’s ready, sir. | 您的床已经铺好了 长官 |
[16:16] | – Anything more? – No, thank you. | -还有别的吩咐吗 -没有了 谢谢 |
[16:21] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[16:23] | This is… It’s a child’s shoe from long ago. | 这是很久以前小孩子穿的鞋 |
[16:27] | Shoe? | 鞋 |
[16:30] | You’re gonna keep it? | 您打算留着吗 |
[16:47] | What does it say? | 上面写的是什么 |
[16:49] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[16:52] | It’s old writing… | 这是古时候 |
[16:55] | from the old days. | 用的古文字 |
[16:58] | No one writes like this anymore. | 现在没人用这种文字了 |
[18:07] | There’s a letter from the Colonel. | 有封上校写给您的信 |
[18:47] | D-Did you see what happened? | 你看到事情经过了吗 |
[19:17] | Close it. | 合上 |
[19:19] | Close it. Close it. | 合上 合上 |
[19:25] | Tie it shut. | 系紧了 |
[19:33] | Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait a minute. | 等等 等一下 |
[20:07] | What have they done to him? | 他们对他做了什么 |
[20:09] | A knife. | 用一把刀 |
[20:11] | Just a little knife like this. | 就这么一把小刀 |
[20:26] | He wants water. Give it to him. | 他想喝水 给他水 |
[20:29] | And… | 还有 |
[20:32] | have that removed, taken out of here immediately. | 把那个搬走 立刻搬出去 |
[20:42] | And what does this mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[20:44] | It means… | 意思是 |
[20:47] | that we have our first confession, | 我们拿到了第一份供词 |
[20:49] | means that I am doing what I was sent here to do. | 意思是我正在完成我的任务 |
[20:52] | It means that we are beginning to understand what is going on on the border. | 意思是我们开始了解边境的情况了 |
[20:58] | Today we have the beginnings of information | 今天我们开始收集到信息了 |
[21:00] | and now are in the position to go out and gather more. | 现在我们该出去收集更多信息了 |
[21:04] | – I… – First thing tomorrow morning, | -我… -明天一大早 |
[21:05] | I shall be taking out a party with that boy… | 我要带着那个男孩 领军出城 |
[21:08] | yes, that same boy… as my guide. | 没错 就是那个男孩 他要当我的向导 |
[21:13] | I think he will be a good guide. | 他会成为一个很好的向导 |
[21:15] | He knows by now what I want. | 现在他已经明白我的要求了 |
[21:21] | As for you, it would be helpful | 至于你 你也能帮上忙 |
[21:24] | if you would put together some pack animals | 你可以找些驮畜 |
[21:25] | and some provisions for a week or so | 并准备一周的口粮 |
[21:28] | and a dozen of your men, | 再召集十来个手下 |
[21:30] | good men familiar with the country. | 熟悉这片区域的人 |
[21:35] | What kind of information, sheep stealing? Smuggling? | 您要收集什么信息 偷羊还是走私 |
[21:39] | Are you killing old men for sheep now? | 您要为了几只羊杀害老人吗 |
[21:52] | Record of the interrogation. | 审讯记录 |
[22:14] | Come away. Come away. | 走开 走开 |
[22:18] | Did you really tell the officer that your clan is arming itself? | 你真的跟那个军官说了 你们部落在招兵买马吗 |
[22:24] | Did you really say that there will be a great war against the Empire? | 你真的说了 你们要对帝国开战吗 |
[22:29] | It’s stupid. | 太愚蠢了 |
[22:30] | Why do you tell such lies? | 你为什么要说这种谎 |
[22:37] | I think he’s very sick, sir, | 我觉得他非常虚弱 长官 |
[22:39] | very sick and very sore. | 非常虚弱 疼痛不堪 |
[22:44] | W-With no disrespect, Colonel, | 无意冒犯 上校 |
[22:46] | you’ve never campaigned on this inhospitable frontier before. | 您从未在这片荒芜的边境开展过军事活动 |
[22:49] | You have no guide except a child who’s terrified of you. | 除了一名害怕您的孩子 您也没有向导 |
[22:53] | As for them, you cannot rely on them. | 而那些人也靠不住 |
[22:54] | They’re conscripts. Most of them have never been | 他们都是被征募来的 大部分人 |
[22:56] | more than five miles from this settlement. | 从未离开过这个定居点周围 |
[22:58] | The barbarians whom you are chasing will… | 您在追踪的那些野蛮人 |
[23:01] | will vanish into the desert before you catch sight of them. | 在您看清他们之前就会消失在沙漠中 |
[23:03] | They live here. This is their land. | 他们住在这里 这是他们的土地 |
[23:05] | They know every inch of it. You do not. | 他们对每一寸土地了如指掌 而您不一样 |
[23:08] | I have orders to obey. | 我有令在身 |
[23:11] | May I remind you, Colonel, that if you get lost, | 请容我提醒您 上校 如果您迷路了 |
[23:14] | it will be up to me to find you | 将您找回来 带回文明世界 |
[23:17] | and bring you back to civilization. | 将会是我的责任 |
[23:20] | Of course. | 当然 |
[23:23] | Don’t stake your life on my maps, sir. | 长官 别把您的性命押在我的地图上 |
[23:25] | I’m not a surveyor. | 我不是个地理勘测员 |
[23:27] | I patched them together | 我的地图是靠 |
[23:28] | from tales told to me by travelers. | 旅人讲述的故事拼凑出来的 |
[23:30] | I’ve never been where you’re going. | 我从没去过您要去的地方 |
[23:32] | I earnestly advise you not to go. | 我真诚地建议您不要去 |
[24:31] | Eighty-two. | |
[24:33] | Eighty-two. | |
[24:45] | Why must you… | 您为什么非要 |
[24:48] | send people… | 派遣 |
[24:51] | with no… no experience | 对边境 |
[24:55] | of the frontier t… | 毫无经验的人 |
[24:59] | to investigate… | 来调查 |
[25:02] | unrest on the frontier? | 边境的动乱 |
[25:09] | Why… | 为什么 |
[25:12] | Why can’t you just… | 为什么不能 |
[25:13] | Why can’t you just leave, um… | 您为什么不能 |
[25:17] | well enough… | 对安稳的现状 |
[25:20] | alone? | 听其自然 |
[26:16] | Keep moving. | 快走 |
[27:13] | Star? | 思达 |
[27:24] | Come in. | 请进 |
[27:38] | I thought you were one of them. | 我以为是他们的人敲门 |
[27:43] | They give me the shivers. | 他们让我怕得发抖 |
[27:52] | Isn’t he your friend? | 他不是你的朋友吗 |
[27:57] | The one… | 那个… |
[28:08] | Can I fetch you something to drink? | 要我给你拿点喝的吗 |
[28:18] | No? | 不要吗 |
[28:22] | Is there nothing I can do for you? | 有什么我能为你做的吗 |
[28:55] | Something on your mind? | 你有心事 |
[29:11] | They will soon be gone. | 他们很快就会离开 |
[29:14] | Things will return to normal. | 一切都会回归正常 |
[29:20] | I wish I could believe you. | 我也希望能相信你 |
[29:54] | Give them a shovel. | 给他们一把铲子 |
[29:57] | Let them dig a latrine, at least. | 至少让他们挖个茅坑 |
[30:10] | Sir, Colonel Joll is… is here. | 长官 乔尔上校来了 |
[30:21] | We will be leaving today. | 我们今天就走了 |
[30:24] | Sir. | 请坐 |
[30:27] | So soon? | 这么快 |
[30:28] | Yes, we have completed our investigations. | 是的 我们已经完成了调查 |
[30:31] | Now I must hurry back and make my report. | 我必须赶回去报告 |
[30:33] | Anything I can do to facilita… | 有什么需要我辅… |
[30:35] | No, no. I believe we have everything we came for. | 不不 我认为我们已经查清楚了 |
[30:46] | Cup of tea. | 请用茶 |
[30:48] | And your inquiries, Colonel, | 上校 您对游牧民族 |
[30:51] | among the nomad peoples… | 进行的问询 |
[30:55] | have they been successful? | 有成果吗 |
[30:58] | Yes. | 是的 |
[30:59] | I think I can say we’ve had some success, | 我认为是有所收获的 |
[31:02] | particularly when you consider | 尤其是考虑到 |
[31:04] | that this is only part of a great enterprise. | 这只是宏大计划中的一部分 |
[31:09] | Similar investigations are being carried out | 边境其它地方 |
[31:11] | elsewhere in the frontier in a very coordinated fashion | 也在有序地开展类似的调查 |
[31:14] | with the cooperation | 诸多边境管理者 |
[31:16] | of the various frontier administrators. | 都提供了积极配合 |
[31:21] | Well, that is good. | 那太好了 |
[31:26] | And is it too early to reveal | 现在是否能得出结论 |
[31:28] | whether we have anything to fear | 我们今年需要 |
[31:31] | from these barbarians this year? | 对这些野蛮人有所戒备吗 |
[31:36] | May we still sleep securely in our beds? | 我们夜里还能安心入睡吗 |
[31:43] | Since all is not well here… | 既然这里并不安稳 |
[31:45] | and by no stretch of the imagination | 而且无论如何也难以让人相信 |
[31:48] | can we say that all is well here | 你这小小一片边境 |
[31:50] | in your little sliver of the frontier… | 有安稳的可能 |
[31:57] | I expect further measures will be taken. | 我想接下来将采取进一步措施 |
[32:43] | – I want everything cleaned up! – Yes, sir. | -把一切都给我打扫干净 -是 长官 |
[32:45] | I want everything as it was before at once! | 马上把一切恢复原样 |
[32:48] | What are you doing? | 你们在干什么 |
[32:50] | What are you doing?! Let that woman go! | 你们在干什么 放了那个女人 |
[32:52] | Right. Sir. | 好 长官 |
[32:55] | Let all these people go. Let them go. | 把这些人都放了 把他们放了 |
[32:58] | Give them their things. Let ’em go. | 把他们的东西还给他们 放他们走 |
[32:59] | You all go on. | 你们都是 快走 |
[33:01] | Go! | 走啊 |
[33:04] | Out! Come on! | 出来 快点 |
[33:06] | – You heard what he said. – What are you doing? | -你们听到他说的了 -你们在干什么 |
[33:07] | I want… I want these people out of here! | 我要这些人立刻离开 |
[33:09] | – Go on. – Out of here right away! | -快点 -立刻离开 |
[33:13] | Go on! Go! | 快点 走啊 |
[33:18] | I want them gone. | 我要他们离开 |
[33:36] | 冬 女孩 | |
[34:06] | It’s late to be out-of-doors. | 天色已晚 别待在外面 |
[34:30] | Naim. | 纳依姆 |
[34:31] | Sir? | 长官 |
[35:24] | 他们告诉我你是盲人 | |
[35:33] | I can see. | 我能看见 |
[35:47] | Please, sit down. | 请坐 |
[36:34] | Can you look at me? | 你能看着我吗 |
[36:38] | This is how I look. | 我这样才能看见 |
[37:02] | Where do you live? | 你家在哪里 |
[37:06] | I live. | 天地为家 |
[37:09] | We do not permit vagrants in the town. | 城里禁止无家可归的人游荡 |
[37:13] | You must have somewhere to live. | 你必须有住处 |
[37:16] | Otherwise, you must go back to your own people. | 否则你必须回部落去 |
[37:18] | Do you understand? | 你明白吗 |
[37:25] | Well… | 好吧 |
[37:29] | I offer that you should… | 我提议 |
[37:33] | come and work here. | 你来这里工作 |
[37:43] | Either that or go back to your people. | 要么来这里工作 要么回部落去 |
[37:47] | You cannot beg in the street. | 你不能在街上乞讨 |
[37:49] | I cannot permit that. | 我不能允许 |
[37:52] | You must have a place to live. | 你必须有住处 |
[37:56] | If you work here… | 如果你在这里工作 |
[37:59] | you can sleep here, too. | 就可以在这里睡觉 |
[38:13] | I can go? | 我可以走了吗 |
[38:16] | Yes, go if you want to. | 可以 你想走就走吧 |
[39:19] | Come. Come inside. | 来 跟我进来 |
[39:32] | Let me see. | 让我看看 |
[39:55] | They broke it. | 他们打断的 |
[40:00] | My, um… | 我的… |
[40:04] | Your ankle. | 你的脚踝 |
[40:06] | My ankle. | 我的脚踝 |
[40:09] | Other one, too. | 另一只脚也打断了 |
[43:19] | Welcome, sir. | 欢迎您 长官 |
[43:21] | The Magistrate’s waiting. | 治安官在等您 |
[43:22] | – Thank you. – Company, halt. | -谢谢 -全体 立定 |
[43:27] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[43:33] | So no trouble on the way here, then? | 来的路上没遇到麻烦吧 |
[43:35] | Nothing. | 没有 |
[43:36] | Nothing worth mentioning. | 没什么值得担心的 |
[43:38] | I think we were followed for a while by barbarians, | 我想我们被野蛮人跟踪了一阵子 |
[43:41] | but that was all. | 仅此而已 |
[43:42] | Are you sure they were barbarians? | 你确定他们是野蛮人吗 |
[43:47] | What else could they have been? | 不然还能是什么人 |
[43:51] | At brigade headquarters, they’re saying | 旅部的人都说 |
[43:53] | there is to be a general offensive | 春季时会发起 |
[43:54] | against the barbarians in the spring. | 对野蛮人的进攻 |
[43:57] | The plan is to move them back all along the frontier, | 计划是在整条边境线上都将他们击退 |
[44:00] | back into the mountains. | 把他们赶回山里去 |
[44:03] | They can’t be serious. | 他们在开玩笑吧 |
[44:05] | The people who… whom you call barbarians are nomads. | 那些所谓的野蛮人是游牧民族 |
[44:09] | They will never permit themselves | 他们可不会把自己 |
[44:11] | to be bottled up in the mountains. | 封闭在山里 |
[44:13] | Well, sorry to be frank. | 请原谅我的唐突 |
[44:16] | Isn’t that what war is about? | 但这不就是战争的本质吗 |
[44:19] | Compelling a choice on someone who would not otherwise make it? | 强迫别人做出不情愿的选择 |
[44:40] | Tell me, sir, as someone who knows the region… | 既然您熟悉这里 长官 我想问问 |
[44:45] | why are these barbarians so dissatisfied? | 这什么这些野蛮人如此不满 |
[44:49] | What is all the trouble about? | 到底有什么问题 |
[44:55] | Well, what is the trouble about? | 你问有什么问题 |
[44:59] | Well, there was no trouble that… that I know of… | 据我所知 在外人来干涉之前 |
[45:04] | until outsiders started interfering. | 一直都没有什么问题 |
[45:08] | We had peace. | 我们一片祥和 |
[45:10] | We kept to ourselves. They kept to themselves. | 我们过我们的 他们过他们的 |
[45:12] | But it’s… it’s all changed now. | 但是…一切都改变了 |
[45:18] | It will take years to patch up the damage | 乔尔上校在一周内造成的破坏 |
[45:21] | that Colonel Joll did in the space of a week. | 需要许多年才能修复 |
[45:28] | You smile, | 你觉得很好笑 |
[45:28] | but, uh, I’ll tell you something. | 但我告诉你 |
[45:33] | We, you and I, | 我们 你和我 |
[45:34] | think of this country as ours, as part of the Empire. | 认为这片区域属于我们 属于帝国 |
[45:39] | We say to ourselves we reclaimed the land from the desert, | 我们自称开垦了这片荒芜的土地 |
[45:43] | we planted it, we built our homes here, | 在这里种植作物 建造家园 |
[45:45] | but that’s not how they see it. | 但他们不是这么认为的 |
[45:47] | They still see us as visitors, transients. | 他们仍认为我们是暂时的过客 |
[45:52] | They say to one another, “Be patient. | 他们对彼此说 “耐心点 |
[45:55] | One day, these foreigners will pack up and leave. | 总有一天 这些外来者会卷铺盖走人 |
[46:00] | They will never last in the desert.” | 他们无法在沙漠里生存下去” |
[46:03] | But we’re not going to leave. | 但我们不会离开 |
[46:08] | No? | 不会吗 |
[46:12] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[46:14] | The frontier towns are the first line of defense of the Empire, | 边境城镇是帝国的第一道防线 |
[46:17] | so th-there’s no question of abandoning them. | 所以我们绝不会放弃 |
[48:17] | What do you think they’re doing up there? | 你说他们在楼上做什么呢 |
[48:19] | What do you think? The usual. | 你说呢 不就是那事 |
[48:23] | Doesn’t usually bring girls up there. | 他通常不带女人上楼的 |
[48:27] | He’s strict about that. | 这一点他很严格 |
[48:29] | Well, he’s getting old. | 他也老了 |
[48:32] | Ah, he’s still a very good-looking man. | 但他还是很帅气的 |
[48:35] | Have you got your eye on him? | 你是看上他了吗 |
[48:38] | Have you got your eye on him, Grandma? | 外婆 你是看上他了吗 |
[48:40] | That’s enough now. | 别胡说了 |
[48:41] | Come on. Bed. | 该睡觉了 |
[48:44] | That’s it. Bedtime. | 够了 去睡觉 |
[49:07] | – Towel. – Huh? Towl. | -毛巾 -什么 毛巾 |
[49:08] | – Tow… – Towel. | -毛 -毛巾 |
[49:10] | – Towel. – Towel. | -毛巾 -毛巾 |
[49:12] | Tow-el. | 毛 巾 |
[49:13] | Towel? | 毛巾 |
[49:14] | – Towel. – Towel. | -毛巾 -毛巾 |
[49:21] | Can you come up, please? | 你能上来一趟吗 |
[49:25] | Now? | 现在吗 |
[49:26] | Yes. Yes, now, in a minute. | 是的 现在 马上 |
[49:59] | Wh-What is that? | 这是什么 |
[50:04] | It’s where they touch me. | 那是他们碰我的地方 |
[50:07] | Where they touched you? | 他们碰你的地方 |
[50:12] | D-Does it hurt? | 疼吗 |
[50:19] | What did they do to you? | 他们对你做了什么 |
[50:24] | Tell me. | 告诉我 |
[51:17] | In his report, Colonel Joll wrote | 在他的报告里 乔尔上校写道 |
[51:20] | that one of the prisoners died afterwards. | 一名囚犯后来死了 |
[51:26] | Do you remember that prisoner? | 你们记得那名囚犯吗 |
[51:29] | Do you know what they did to him, who he was? | 你们知道他们对他做了什么吗 知道他是谁吗 |
[51:34] | We heard he went crazy | 我们听说他疯了 |
[51:35] | and attacked them. | 袭击了他们 |
[51:39] | And? | 还有呢 |
[51:43] | He attacked them. | 他袭击了他们 |
[51:46] | We had to take him out afterwards. | 后来我们不得不把他抬出来 |
[51:49] | He was breathing strangely, | 他的气息很奇怪 |
[51:51] | very deep and very fast. | 沉重而急促 |
[51:55] | Then he died the next day. | 第二天他就死了 |
[51:59] | He was the one they questioned the longest, sir. | 他是他们审问时间最久的一个 长官 |
[52:04] | He had someone with him? | 有人和他在一起吗 |
[52:07] | His daughter. | 他女儿 |
[52:13] | His daughter. | 他女儿 |
[52:17] | What happened to her? | 她怎样了 |
[52:19] | She was questioned, too. | 她也被审讯了 |
[52:22] | I heard her crying. | 我听到她的哭喊 |
[52:24] | She was in pain. | 她很痛苦 |
[52:27] | They broke her feet, I think. | 我觉得他们打断了她的脚 |
[52:31] | Did they do that in… in front of him, | 他们是当着他的面这么做的吗 |
[52:34] | in front of her father? | 当着她父亲的面 |
[52:36] | Yes, sir. | 是的 长官 |
[52:40] | They did something to her eyes, didn’t they? | 他们还动了她的眼睛 是不是 |
[52:44] | Sir, there were a lot of prisoners to take care of. | 长官 我们要照顾的犯人很多 |
[52:48] | I-I know she had a bad time with her feet, | 我知道她的脚不灵便 |
[52:50] | but the eyes… | 但眼睛的情况 |
[52:53] | we didn’t know about that ’til later. | 我们是后来才知道的 |
[53:04] | You should have told me. | 你应该告诉我的 |
[53:08] | You should tell me everything. | 你应该全告诉我的 |
[54:27] | And this… | 这里呢 |
[54:37] | It was a fork. | 是一把叉子 |
[54:40] | Kind of fork. | 类似于叉子 |
[54:45] | They put it in a fire until it was hot. | 他们把它在火上烧热 |
[54:53] | Then they touch me with it. | 然后用它来碰我 |
[54:59] | They held my eyes open. | 他们撑开我的眼睛 |
[55:05] | They said they’d burn my eyes out. | 说要把我的眼球烧焦 |
[55:09] | After that, I could not see anymore. | 然后我就看不见了 |
[55:15] | I can see around the edges, yes… | 视野边缘能看见一点 |
[55:19] | but not in middle. | 但是中间看不见 |
[55:22] | There is blur. | 一片模糊 |
[55:49] | What do you feel | 他们对你做了这种事 |
[55:51] | towards the men who did this to you? | 你对他们有什么感觉 |
[56:00] | I’m tired of talking. | 我说够了 |
[56:39] | You aren’t happy with me here, are you? | 你和我在一起并不开心 是不是 |
[56:55] | You only have to say the word, and I will take you back. | 你只要说一声 我就把你送回去 |
[57:00] | Is that what you want? | 你想要这样吗 |
[57:06] | I can’t promise to take you back to your family. | 我没法保证把你送回家人身边 |
[57:10] | I don’t know where they are. | 我不知道他们在哪里 |
[57:13] | Do you want me to take you back? | 你想让我送你回去吗 |
[57:37] | Ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[57:40] | Yes, sir. | 是 长官 |
[57:43] | What are we waiting for, then? | 那还等什么 |
[57:47] | The girl is coming along. | 这姑娘跟我们一起走 |
[57:49] | Was that your question? | 你是想问这个吗 |
[57:51] | Yes, sir. | 是的 长官 |
[57:53] | We’ll be gone no more than a week, | 我们不出一周就会回来 |
[57:55] | 10 days at most. | 最多十天 |
[58:21] | 春 回归 | |
[1:00:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:00:39] | Yeah. | 是 |
[1:02:09] | Bring in the horses! Quickly! | 把马牵过来 快 |
[1:02:23] | That’s a horse there! | 那边有匹马 |
[1:04:04] | Here. | 给 |
[1:04:29] | How much longer before we… | 我们还要多久… |
[1:04:33] | Before we find what we’re looking for? | 才能找到我们的目标 |
[1:04:39] | Tomorrow? | 明天 |
[1:04:42] | The next day perhaps. | 也许后天 |
[1:04:47] | Don’t you know these parts, sir? | 你不熟悉这片区域吗 长官 |
[1:04:52] | No, I’ve not been here before… | 不熟悉 我从没来过这里 |
[1:04:56] | not this far. | 没走过这么远 |
[1:05:51] | Sir. | 长官 |
[1:05:54] | There’s people ahead. | 前面有人 |
[1:06:00] | Come. | 来 |
[1:06:19] | There’s no sign of them! | 他们不见了 |
[1:06:21] | They’ve gone, sir! | 他们走了 长官 |
[1:06:23] | No tracks?! | 没有足迹吗 |
[1:06:25] | Nothing. | 无影无踪 |
[1:07:35] | Come… Come forward slowly. | 慢慢上前来 |
[1:07:37] | Then take my horse. | 然后牵好我的马 |
[1:07:43] | Wait. Wait. Wait. No. No, no, no, no. | 等等 等等 不 不 不 |
[1:07:47] | All right. | 好了 |
[1:07:50] | Fetch the crutches. | 拿拐杖来 |
[1:07:54] | Come down off here. | 下马 |
[1:07:57] | Right. | 好 |
[1:08:04] | Help her. Help her. | 帮帮她 帮帮她 |
[1:08:08] | They’re here in front of us. | 他们就在我们面前 |
[1:08:12] | Wait here. Wait here. | 等等 等等 |
[1:08:29] | 盲人 | |
[1:08:32] | 盲人 | |
[1:08:34] | You must speak with them. | 你必须跟他们说说 |
[1:08:37] | Tell them why we’re here. | 告诉他们我们的目的 |
[1:08:39] | Tell them your story. | 告诉他们你的经历 |
[1:08:41] | I want you to tell them the truth. | 我希望你告诉他们真相 |
[1:08:44] | You really want me to tell them? | 你真的希望我告诉他们吗 |
[1:08:55] | Tell them what you like. | 你想跟他们说什么都行 |
[1:08:58] | I have now done what I said I would do. | 我已经完成了我的承诺 |
[1:09:03] | Let me say what I… | 现在我要说 |
[1:09:07] | what I want. | 我的愿望 |
[1:09:09] | What I want from my heart… | 我发自内心的愿望 |
[1:09:14] | is for you to come to return to the town with me. | 是你和我一起回到城里 |
[1:09:21] | Of your own choice. | 由你自己选择 |
[1:09:23] | I want you to come back with me. | 我希望你和我一起回去 |
[1:09:28] | You understand? | 你明白吗 |
[1:09:30] | This… This is what I want. | 这是我的心愿 |
[1:09:34] | Why? | 为什么 |
[1:09:43] | No. | 不 |
[1:09:45] | Do not want go back to that place. | 不想回到那个地方 |
[1:10:12] | I have… | 我 |
[1:10:14] | I have… I have brought some… | 我带了一些 |
[1:10:18] | gifts that I would like you to have. | 我希望给你的礼物 |
[1:10:33] | Ask them if we may buy one of their horses. | 问问他们 我们能否买一匹他们的马 |
[1:10:36] | Say I will pay in silver. | 告诉他们我会用白银支付 |
[1:10:40] | 你好 兄弟 | |
[1:10:42] | 请带我回到家人身边 | |
[1:10:47] | 我在远方受了许多苦难 | |
[1:10:51] | 我父亲被杀了 | |
[1:10:54] | 这个好心人帮了我 | |
[1:10:56] | 把我送到这里 | |
[1:11:01] | 他想从你们手里买一匹马 | |
[1:11:04] | 什么 | |
[1:11:07] | 买一匹马 | |
[1:11:18] | 我不会卖马给你 | |
[1:11:21] | 你把她送来这里 | |
[1:11:25] | 所以你很走远 我会饶了你们的命 | |
[1:11:31] | 并且让你们留着你们的马 | |
[1:11:34] | 让你们能回到自己人那边 | |
[1:11:38] | 作为代价 | |
[1:11:40] | 我要拿走这块白银 | |
[1:11:49] | Silver is the… for horse he does not take away from you. | 白银是他们不抢走你们的马的代价 |
[1:11:54] | He does not take away my horse. | 他不会抢走我的马 |
[1:11:59] | He take silver instead. | 但是要拿走白银 |
[1:12:27] | 再见 | |
[1:14:51] | Where are you taking me? | 你们要带我去哪里 |
[1:15:19] | Why have I been kept waiting? | 为什么让我一直等着 |
[1:15:23] | What have you done with my men? | 你对我的人做了什么 |
[1:15:27] | Is there anything I can help you with? | 有什么需要我帮助的吗 |
[1:15:34] | May I speak with Colonel Joll? | 我能和乔尔上校谈话吗 |
[1:15:39] | Where have you been? | 你去了哪里 |
[1:15:42] | I’ve been on a journey. | 我出了一趟门 |
[1:15:43] | It pains me that I was not here when you arrived | 很遗憾我没能在你抵达时 |
[1:15:47] | to offer you hospitality. | 在此迎接你 |
[1:15:49] | You’ve been treasonously consorting with the enemy. | 你背叛帝国 与敌人勾结 |
[1:15:54] | Do you deny it? | 你否认吗 |
[1:15:56] | We have no enemy that I know of, | 我不知道我们有敌人 |
[1:15:59] | unless we ourselves are the enemy. | 除非我们自己就是敌人 |
[1:16:04] | Who gave you permission to leave your post? | 谁准许你离开自己的岗位的 |
[1:16:09] | That is a private matter. | 这是一件私人事务 |
[1:16:11] | You will have to take my word for it. | 你得相信我 |
[1:16:12] | I do not intend to discuss it. | 我不想讨论这件事 |
[1:16:16] | I would like to speak with Colonel Joll. | 我想和乔尔上校谈话 |
[1:16:19] | Colonel Joll’s not here. | 乔尔上校不在这里 |
[1:16:22] | Colonel Joll is out conducting operations | 乔尔上校外出执行任务去了 |
[1:16:25] | to correct the situation that you’ve allowed to develop. | 他会纠正你任其发展的局面 |
[1:16:28] | Fine. | 行 |
[1:16:29] | Magistrate! | 治安官 |
[1:16:31] | I’d like to read to you | 我要给你读一些 |
[1:16:33] | from some of the depositions I have gathered | 我到这里之后 |
[1:16:36] | since I arrived in this town… | 收集到的证词 |
[1:16:40] | so you have some idea | 好让你对你所面临的 |
[1:16:41] | of the gravity of the charges against you. | 指控的严重性有所了解 |
[1:16:48] | I quote. | 引用 |
[1:16:50] | “His conduct in office left much to be desired, | “他的执政非常不尽如人意 |
[1:16:54] | his decisions characterized by arbitrariness, | 他的决策专横武断 |
[1:16:57] | and he maintained no regular system of accounting for monies.” | 并且他没有记录常规的账目” |
[1:17:01] | Unquote. | 引用完毕 |
[1:17:03] | Inspection of your accounts | 审查你的账目后 |
[1:17:04] | revealed many irregularities. | 我们发现了许多异常 |
[1:17:12] | “Despite being principal administrator, | “身为治安官之尊 |
[1:17:15] | he started a liaison with a street woman | 他却和一个招徕士兵的站街女 |
[1:17:17] | patronized by the common soldiers.” | 发生了关系” |
[1:17:20] | Unquote. | 引用完毕 |
[1:17:22] | A figure in obscene jokes. | 淫秽笑话中的人物 |
[1:17:29] | Let me read to you from one more. | 我再给你读一段 |
[1:17:35] | “On the first of March, | “3月1号 |
[1:17:37] | I was given orders to prepare for a journey | 我被命令做好 |
[1:17:40] | into barbarian territory. | 前往野蛮人领地的出行准备 |
[1:17:44] | Not until we set off was I told | 而直到我们出发之前我才得知 |
[1:17:47] | that a young barbarian woman would be accompanying us. | 我们要和一名年轻的野蛮人女性同行 |
[1:17:54] | And at no point was I warned | 并且从来没人提醒我 |
[1:17:57] | that we would be making contact with the barbarians… | 我们会同野蛮人进行接触 |
[1:18:03] | and negotiating with them.” | 并且同他们交涉” |
[1:18:09] | Have you any idea how bad it looks | 你知道我们不得不来 |
[1:18:12] | when we have to come and clean up the local administrations? | 清理地方政府是多丢脸的事吗 |
[1:18:16] | It isn’t even our job. | 这都不是我们的本职工作 |
[1:18:18] | I will defend myself in a proper court of law. | 我自会在公堂之上为自己辩护 |
[1:18:21] | Will you? | 是吗 |
[1:18:22] | No one would dare say those things to my face. | 没有人敢当面对我说这些话 |
[1:18:26] | Who is responsible for the claim | 那个所谓的站街女的指控 |
[1:18:29] | a-about the so-called street woman? | 是谁提出的 |
[1:18:32] | Let me see… | 让我看看 |
[1:18:41] | Is that all? I would like… | 就这些吗 我想 |
[1:18:42] | I would like to wash. | 我想洗个澡 |
[1:18:45] | I hope that you will allow me to wash! | 我希望你允许我洗个澡 |
[1:21:00] | Kneel. | 跪下 |
[1:21:02] | Get on your knees. | 跪下 |
[1:22:08] | – Beat them! – Come on! Beat the animals! | -揍他们 -用力 痛打这些畜生 |
[1:22:11] | Beat the animals! | 痛打这些畜生 |
[1:22:16] | Beat him! | 打他 |
[1:22:28] | That’s the way. | 就是这样 |
[1:22:47] | No. | 不 |
[1:22:49] | No! | 不 |
[1:22:51] | No! No! No! No! | 不 不 不 |
[1:22:54] | You! You are depraving these people! | 你 你让这些人堕落了 |
[1:22:58] | You… | 你 |
[1:23:01] | No! | 不 |
[1:23:04] | No! No! | 不 不 |
[1:23:05] | Wait! Wait! | 等等 等等 |
[1:23:07] | You broke… | 你打断了 |
[1:23:08] | Wait! Wait. Wait. | 等等 等等 等等 |
[1:23:10] | You’ve broken my arm. | 你打断了我的胳膊 |
[1:23:15] | Just wait. | 先等等 |
[1:23:18] | No, not with that, not with that hammer. | 不 不要用那个 不要用锤子 |
[1:23:21] | You would not use a hammer on a beast. | 就算是畜生也用不着锤子 |
[1:23:22] | Look. These are men! | 看啊 他们是人 |
[1:23:25] | Men! | 是人 |
[1:24:50] | Among the items found in your apartment | 在你住所找到的物品中 |
[1:24:54] | was this wooden chest. | 包括这个木箱子 |
[1:24:56] | Its contents are unusual. | 里面的东西非同寻常 |
[1:25:00] | It contains approximately 300 slips of white poplar wood. | 大约有三百块白杨木片 |
[1:25:06] | The surfaces are written on | 表面写着 |
[1:25:08] | in an unfamiliar script. | 陌生的文字 |
[1:25:11] | Now, a reasonable inference | 有理由推断 |
[1:25:14] | is that these slips contain messages | 这些木片上包含你 |
[1:25:17] | passed between yourself and other parties. | 与其他人之间交流的信息 |
[1:25:21] | It remains for you to explain | 需要你来解释 |
[1:25:24] | from whom are the messages, | 这些信息来自谁 |
[1:25:27] | to whom are the messages. | 要交给谁 |
[1:25:31] | Permit me. | 允许我看一下 |
[1:25:43] | I am sorry I have to send bad news. | 很抱歉 我送来了坏消息 |
[1:25:50] | The soldiers came and took your brother away. | 士兵们把你哥哥带走了 |
[1:25:54] | I have been to the fort every day | 我每天都去兵营 |
[1:25:57] | to plead for his return. | 求他们放他回去 |
[1:26:02] | Yesterday, they sent out a man to speak with me. | 昨天 他们派人来和我谈了 |
[1:26:06] | He says your brother is no longer here. | 他说你哥哥不在那里了 |
[1:26:09] | He says he has been ta… | 他说他已经被 |
[1:26:13] | he has been taken away. | 他已经被带走了 |
[1:26:17] | Do not tell your mother, | 别告诉你母亲 |
[1:26:19] | but join me in praying for him. | 但和我一起为他祈祷吧 |
[1:26:22] | Now, let… let’s see… | 我们 我们看看 |
[1:26:26] | what this one says. | 这上写了什么 |
[1:26:33] | I went to fetch your… | 我去接 |
[1:26:36] | I went to fetch your brother. | 我去接你哥哥 |
[1:26:39] | They showed me into a room where he lay | 他们带我去了一个房间 他躺在那里 |
[1:26:44] | sewn up in a sheet. | 被裹在布里 |
[1:26:47] | He… | 他 |
[1:26:49] | Th-There were bruises all over his body, | 他全身都是淤青 |
[1:26:53] | and his feet were broken and swollen. | 他的脚断了 肿胀不堪 |
[1:26:59] | “What’s happened to him?” I asked the soldier. | “他经历了什么” 我问那名士兵 |
[1:27:03] | “I don’t know,” He said. | “我不知道” 他说 |
[1:27:20] | As you see, it contains a single character. | 你们可以看到 上面只有一个字 |
[1:27:23] | It is the… It is the character… | 这是…这个字… |
[1:27:25] | barbarian character for “war.” | 是野蛮人的文字 代表”战争” |
[1:27:29] | Although it can also stand for “vengeance,” | 不过它也有”复仇”的意思 |
[1:27:33] | and if… if you turn it upside down like this, | 如果这样反过来 |
[1:27:38] | it can mean… | 意思就是 |
[1:27:41] | “Justice.” | “公正” |
[1:27:44] | There’s no way of knowing in what sense it is intended. | 无法得知它原本的意思 |
[1:27:48] | That is a part of barbarian c-cunning. | 这就是野蛮人的狡黠之处 |
[1:27:53] | It’s the same with the rest of these. | 其余的这些也都一样 |
[1:27:56] | Slips, they can be read in many ways. | 这些木片 可以有多种理解 |
[1:27:59] | They can be read as a plan of war, | 可以理解为战争策划 |
[1:28:02] | or they can read | 也可以理解为 |
[1:28:04] | as a history of the last years of the Empire. | 帝国末年的历史 |
[1:28:09] | There’s no knowing. | 无从得知 |
[1:28:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:28:20] | I’m finished. | 我说完了 |
[1:28:24] | You have no idea how tiresome your behavior is. | 你完全不知道你的行为有多么烦人 |
[1:28:29] | You are the only official on the frontier | 你是边境上唯一一位 |
[1:28:31] | from whom we have not had the fullest cooperation. | 拒绝提供全力配合的官员 |
[1:28:36] | When I arrived back, | 我回来后 |
[1:28:38] | I had decided that as soon as I had the answers from you | 就决定一旦我得到了你对几个 |
[1:28:43] | to a simple few questions… | 简单问题的回答 |
[1:28:46] | you would be free to go back to your old life | 你就可以回归你原来的生活 |
[1:28:49] | and your concubines. | 和你的妻妾们一起 |
[1:28:54] | However, you seem to have a new ambition. | 然而 你似乎有了新的野心 |
[1:29:00] | You want to make a name for yourself | 你想让你自己拥有 |
[1:29:02] | as the one just man. | 正义之名 |
[1:29:05] | You are simply a clown. | 你只是个小丑 |
[1:29:08] | You are dirty. | 你肮脏 |
[1:29:10] | You stink. | 你恶臭 |
[1:29:12] | They can smell you a mile away. | 大老远就能闻到你的臭味 |
[1:29:16] | You want to get your name into the history books, | 你想让自己被载入史册 |
[1:29:19] | history. | 史册 |
[1:29:22] | This is the border. | 这里是边境 |
[1:29:24] | This is nowhere. | 这里鸟不拉屎 |
[1:29:26] | There is no history here. | 这里没有历史 |
[1:29:30] | People are not interested | 人们对这种 |
[1:29:32] | in the history of the back of beyond. | 不毛之地的历史不感兴趣 |
[1:29:36] | We will end these troubles, | 我们会终结这些麻烦 |
[1:29:38] | we will put down the enemy, | 我们会把敌人击败 |
[1:29:40] | and that will be the end of it. | 这就结束了 |
[1:29:42] | The enemy? | 敌人 |
[1:29:45] | These pitiable creatures of yours, | 你们这些卑鄙的玩意 |
[1:29:48] | are they the enemy that I must fear, Colonel? | 他们是我要恐惧的敌人吗 上校 |
[1:29:51] | No, you… you are the enemy, Colonel. | 不 敌人是你 上校 |
[1:29:54] | Nonsense. | 一派胡言 |
[1:29:56] | You are an obscene torturer. | 你是个以折磨取乐的变态 |
[1:30:02] | You… You deserve to be hanged. | 你应该被绞死 |
[1:30:08] | Now to business. | 讲正事 |
[1:30:13] | I would like a statement from you | 我想让你供述 |
[1:30:16] | on everything that passed between you and the barbarians | 你最近未经授权拜访野蛮人时 |
[1:30:19] | on your recent and unauthorized visit. | 你们之间发生的一切 |
[1:30:29] | We are waiting. | 我们在等你 |
[1:30:46] | I refuse. | 我拒绝 |
[1:30:50] | You refuse? | 你拒绝 |
[1:30:55] | Very well. | 那好 |
[1:30:56] | Then our interview is over. | 我们的审讯结束了 |
[1:31:01] | He is yours. | 他交给你了 |
[1:32:23] | Climb. | 爬上去 |
[1:32:28] | Pull him up. | 把他拉上去 |
[1:32:33] | Climb. | 爬上去 |
[1:32:39] | Climb. | 爬上去 |
[1:32:49] | And what do you want to say to me? | 你想对我说什么 |
[1:32:52] | That… That nothing passed between the barbarians and myself | 我与野蛮人之间没有任何 |
[1:32:58] | of a military nature. | 军事方面的来往 |
[1:33:01] | It was a private affair. | 都是私事 |
[1:33:03] | I returned the girl to her people… | 我把那个女孩送回她的部落了 |
[1:33:07] | nothing more. | 没别的 |
[1:33:27] | 秋 敌人 | |
[1:34:01] | No chance of going in to my apartments | 不能去我的公寓吗 |
[1:34:05] | just for a minute, | 很快就好 |
[1:34:07] | get a few of my things? | 拿几样我的东西 |
[1:34:12] | Sir, I can’t. | 长官 不行 |
[1:34:16] | I really can’t. | 真的不行 |
[1:34:17] | It’s fine. | 好吧 |
[1:34:22] | Colonel Joll and his expeditionary force | 乔尔上校和他的远征军 |
[1:34:24] | have been out in the desert for a long time, | 已经进入沙漠很久了 |
[1:34:29] | haven’t they? | 对吧 |
[1:34:30] | Since when? | 什么时候出发的 |
[1:34:33] | Since August, sir. | 八月出发的 长官 |
[1:34:34] | August? | 八月 |
[1:34:39] | You must be worried. | 你一定很担心 |
[1:34:49] | Well, one mustn’t take the barbarians lightly. | 对野蛮人不可掉以轻心 |
[1:35:24] | Your… Your daughter’s gone, | 你女儿走了 |
[1:35:27] | leaving you with the boy? | 把孩子留给了你 |
[1:35:30] | He’s no trouble. | 照顾他不麻烦 |
[1:35:35] | So many people have left, | 很多人都走了 |
[1:35:38] | all my girls… | 我的女儿们 |
[1:35:39] | your clerk, Naim. | 你的书记员 纳依姆 |
[1:35:42] | They took the east road. | 他们向东走了 |
[1:35:45] | Just ’til it settles down, they say. | 他们说 等局势平定就回来 |
[1:35:58] | My rooms are empty. | 我的房间空了 |
[1:36:02] | But they won’t let me in. | 但他们不让我进去 |
[1:36:11] | I’ll find room for you. | 我帮你找个房间 |
[1:36:18] | You’re an angel. | 你真是个天使 |
[1:36:28] | You’re always somewhere else. | 你总是心不在焉 |
[1:36:34] | She would say the same thing… | 她也会这么说的 |
[1:36:38] | your barbarian girl. | 你的野蛮人女孩 |
[1:36:42] | She said you were always somewhere else. | 她说你总是心不在焉 |
[1:36:45] | She couldn’t understand you. | 她不理解你 |
[1:36:47] | She didn’t know what you wanted from her. | 她不知道你想得到她的什么 |
[1:36:55] | I didn’t know the two of you were intimate. | 我不知道你们俩很亲近 |
[1:36:58] | We talked. | 我们聊过天 |
[1:37:01] | Sometimes she used to | 有时她总是 |
[1:37:04] | cry and cry and cry. | 不停地哭 |
[1:37:10] | What bird has the heart to sing… | 身处荆棘之中的鸟儿 |
[1:37:14] | in a thicket of thorns? | 怎么会有心情歌唱 |
[1:37:18] | Oh, no, it wasn’t what they did to her. | 不 不是因为他们对她做的事 |
[1:37:22] | It was you. | 是因为你 |
[1:37:25] | You made her very unhappy. | 你让她非常悲伤 |
[1:37:33] | Grandma. | 外婆 |
[1:37:39] | I-I did? | 是我 |
[1:37:44] | Yeah, didn’t you know that? | 是 你不知道吗 |
[1:37:48] | Grandma. | 外婆 |
[1:38:44] | Your move. | 到你了 |
[1:38:46] | Drawing. | 抽牌 |
[1:38:53] | Magistrate. | 治安官 |
[1:38:57] | You’re growing fat again. | 你又长胖了 |
[1:39:01] | What happened to your work? | 你的活干完了吗 |
[1:39:08] | I am a prisoner awaiting trial. | 我是一名等待审判的囚犯 |
[1:39:13] | Prisoners awaiting trial | 等待审判的囚犯 |
[1:39:16] | are not required to work for their feed. | 不需要为温饱而干活 |
[1:39:22] | That is the law. | 这是法律规定的 |
[1:39:25] | We have no record of you. | 我们没有你的记录 |
[1:39:27] | H-How could you be a prisoner? | 你怎么会是囚犯呢 |
[1:39:28] | Do we have a record of this man? | 我们有这个人的记录吗 |
[1:39:30] | No, sir, we don’t. | 不 长官 我们没有 |
[1:39:33] | Then you must be a free man. | 那你一定是个自由人 |
[1:39:36] | The gates are open. | 大门开着 |
[1:39:39] | Go on. Leave if you wish. | 去吧 你想走就走吧 |
[1:39:46] | Just… Just a minute. | 等一下 |
[1:39:52] | There’s something that I would like to know before I leave. | 我走之前有件事想问 |
[1:39:58] | Forgive me if the question seems impudent. | 如果问题有些冒犯 请原谅我 |
[1:40:02] | But I would like to ask… | 但我想问 |
[1:40:08] | how do you eat afterwards? | 你事后怎么吃得下饭 |
[1:40:13] | After you’ve been… | 在你… |
[1:40:16] | working with people? | 审讯完之后 |
[1:40:30] | I’m sincere. | 我真心发问 |
[1:40:35] | Do you… | 你 |
[1:40:36] | Do you find it easy to take food afterwards? | 你觉得事后有胃口吗 |
[1:40:41] | I would imagine one wants to wash one’s hands, | 我可以想象你会洗手 |
[1:40:44] | to… to clean off the blood, | 洗掉手上的血 |
[1:40:45] | but to sit with one’s family and friends, | 但是坐下来与家人朋友一起 |
[1:40:48] | eat… | 吃饭… |
[1:40:50] | Get out of here. | 滚出去 |
[1:40:52] | Get out of here, you fucking old lunatic. | 滚出去 你这个老疯子 |
[1:40:55] | Get out! | 滚 |
[1:40:58] | Go and die somewhere, you fucking traitor. | 找个地方去死 该死的叛徒 |
[1:42:08] | “This withdrawal will be only a temporary measure. | “这次撤退仅仅是暂时的措施 |
[1:42:13] | Caretaker force will remain | 临时管理军队会留下来 |
[1:42:16] | which will be adequate for all routine duties. | 足够应对所有的日常勤务 |
[1:42:22] | Relevant orders are given on imperial authority | 帝国当局已下达相关命令 |
[1:42:24] | and are part of a general scaling down of operations | 这是冬季期间边境地区 |
[1:42:28] | along the frontier for the duration of the winter.” | 规模缩减行动的一部分” |
[1:42:34] | Thank you all… | 感谢你们 |
[1:42:36] | for your unforgettable hospitality. | 令人难忘的热情招待 |
[1:43:18] | Okay, let’s go! | 好了 走吧 |
[1:43:20] | That’s the last of the grain! | 就剩这点粮食了 |
[1:43:27] | Bring her! Come on! | 把她带上 快点 |
[1:43:29] | This way! | 这边 |
[1:43:30] | – Get back! – Get in here. | -退后 -上去 |
[1:43:32] | Get back, or I’ll shoot! | 退后 否则我开枪了 |
[1:43:41] | Get off! | 滚开 |
[1:44:38] | Officer Mandel! | 曼德尔长官 |
[1:44:45] | Where is Officer Mandel? | 曼德尔长官在哪 |
[1:44:47] | We must have fresh horses. | 我们必须换新马 |
[1:44:49] | Who needs horses? | 谁要用马 |
[1:44:51] | The Colonel. We… We need fresh horses. | 上校 我们需要换新马 |
[1:44:54] | Is he here? | 他来了吗 |
[1:44:56] | We need fresh horses. | 我们需要换新马 |
[1:45:00] | There are no horses. | 这里没有马 |
[1:45:03] | There’s nothing. | 什么都没有 |
[1:45:08] | – Ch-Check that way. – Okay. | -看看那边 -好 |
[1:46:04] | We need to hurry, sir! | 我们得赶快走 长官 |