Skip to content

英美剧电影台词站

Vice(副总统)[2018]电影台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Posted on June 16, 2024 By taiciben_script_user No Comments on Vice(副总统)[2018]电影台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
电影名称:副总统
英文名称:Vice
年代:2018

推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 英文 中文
[00:00] [Internet Enthusiasts] 网络爱好者翻译
[01:27] ♪ Don’t you know 你可知道
[01:29] ♪ That I still care for you? 我依然为你心动
[01:35] ♪ Send me… 把你…
[01:37] How you doin’ tonight, officer? 晚上好 警官
[01:38] I’m gonna need you to get outta the car. 请你下车
[01:42] ♪ So darling… ♪ 所以亲爱的
[01:44] Come on. Let’s get out. 行了 出来吧
[01:45] ♪ I can dream upon it too ♪ 我也能做个好梦
[02:07] Move! -agent 2: go! Go! – 让开 – 冲 快冲
[02:10] Move! It’s clear. 让开 安全
[02:13] -Move, move, move. -Clear! -让开 – 安全
[02:16] -Let’s go, let’s go! -Move! Move! Move! Move! – 动作都快点 – 所有人让开
[02:23] A plane just struck the Pentagon. 一架飞机刚刚撞上国防部大楼
[02:31] Let’s make sure those phone lines are working. 一定要确保电话能打通
[02:33] Phones are go, sir. 电话正常 长官
[02:35] The SVTC. Let’s contact the FAA, SVTC 先联系FAA
[02:36] find out how many planes are in the air. 查清楚还有多少飞机正在飞行
[02:37] Yes, sir. 好的 长官
[02:39] Let’s get these televisions working. 让这些电视工作起来
[02:42] May I get the president on the line, please? 请帮我转到总统
[02:42] We got planes in the air and nowhere for them to land. 我们的飞机正在 飞行 但没有地方降落
[02:44] I still have one plane unaccounted for 还有一架飞往宾夕法尼亚州的飞机
[02:46] flying over Pennsylvania. 依然下落不明
[02:47] I need permission for them to land 我需要许可让他们在
[02:48] at a Canadian airport. 一个加拿大机场降落
[02:50] …very large plane. It was going fast. …巨大的飞机 非常快
[02:52] Flying over Pennsylvania on course. 按计划飞往宾夕法尼亚州
[02:54] And three other planes are unaccounted for. 还有三架飞机下落不明
[02:56] I’m seeing five planes unaccounted for. 五架飞机下落不明
[02:58] No! Scratch that. I’m seeing four! 不 不对 四架
[03:02] I have NORAD on the line. 北美防空联合司令部的电话
[03:03] That is correct. He is. That is correct. 没错 他是 没错
[03:06] Mr. Vice President, POTUS on line one, sir. 副总统先生 总统在一号线
[03:13] Mr. President. 总统先生
[03:17] The situation is, uh, extremely fluid. 情况非常不稳定
[03:21] I strongly recommend you stay in the air. 我强烈建议你不要降落
[03:24] I have, uh, sequestered congressional leadership. 我把 呃 国会领导层隔离了
[03:27] Okay, then. 好的
[03:29] Sir, Donald Rumsfeld is 长官 唐纳德 拉姆斯菲尔德
[03:31] at the Pentagon on line three. 在国防部的三号线
[03:32] -That? -Mm-hmm. Yes, sir. – 这个吗 – 没错 长官
[03:35] Dick, are there still passenger planes in the air? 迪克 还有客机在飞行吗
[03:37] I need rules of engagement. 我需要规则
[03:39] Let’s get the President back on line, sir. 我们再打给总统吧 长官
[03:42] You have authorization to shoot down 你有权利击落任何一架
[03:45] any aircraft deemed a threat. 被视为威胁的飞机
[03:48] Presidential authority? 总统授权吗
[03:50] That is correct. All orders are UNODIR. 没错 所有指令均为UNODIR
[03:52] “Unodir,” sir? 什么是UNODIR 长官
[03:54] Unless otherwise directed. 除非另作指示
[04:00] By all accounts of what people saw 在这恐怖的一天里
[04:02] in that room on that terrible day, 人们在这个房间里
[04:06] there was confusion… 看到了迷惑…
[04:09] fear… 恐惧…
[04:11] uncertainty. 不确定性
[04:15] But Dick Cheney saw something else 但是迪克 切尼看到了
[04:17] that no one else did. 其他人看不到的东西
[04:21] He saw an opportunity. 他看到了机遇
[04:27] As the world becomes more and more confusing, 随着世界变得越来越混乱
[04:32] we tend to focus on the things 我们倾向于关注
[04:34] that are right there in front of us… 眼前的事物…
[04:38] while ignoring the massive forces 而忽视了能真正改变人们生活的
[04:41] that actually change and shape our lives. 巨大力量
[04:46] And with people working longer and longer hours, 随着人们工作时间越来越长
[04:49] for less and less, 薪水缺越来越少
[04:52] when we do have free time, 当我们有空的时候
[04:53] the last thing we want is 我们最不想要的就是
[04:55] complicated analysis of our government, 对政府的复杂分析
[04:58] lobbying, 游说
[04:59] international trade agreements, 国际交易条约
[05:02] and tax bills. 和税收法案
[05:08] So it’s no surprise 所以当一个单调的
[05:09] that when a monotone, 官僚主义副总统真正掌权时
[05:12] bureaucratic vice president came to power, 我们什么都没发现
[05:16] we hardly noticed– 不用惊喜–
[05:20] … as he achieved a position of authority …当他达到了
[05:22] that very few leaders 美国史上只有极少数人实现过的
[05:23] in the history of America ever have– 权威地位
[05:29] These tax cuts are– 这些减税措施–
[05:31] …get this started? -That’s for your fucking– …开始吧 -那是你他妈的–
[05:32] I’m fucking dying! 我快他妈死了
[05:35] Forever changing the course of history 他在神不知鬼不觉中
[05:38] for millions and millions of lives. 永久地改变了
[05:43] And he did it like a ghost, 数百万人的历史进程
[05:46] with most people having no idea who he is 大多数人都不知道他是谁
[05:50] or where he came from. 或者他是从哪来的
[06:11] How does a man go on to become who he is? 他是如何变成今天这样的呢
[06:17] Well, it starts in 1963… 一切都始于1963…
[06:22] when Dick’s best girl, Lynne, 迪克最爱的女孩 琳恩
[06:24] was getting straight A’s at Colorado College. 在科罗拉多大学得了A
[06:32] Lynne had helped Dick get a scholarship at Yale… 琳恩帮助迪克在耶鲁大学获得了奖学金…
[06:38] where he did way more drinking than class attending. 在那里 他喝酒比上课还多
[06:44] Pretty soon, Dick got the boot. 很快 他就被开除了
[06:58] Back then, they would’ve called 当时 人们会把他这样的人
[07:00] a guy like him a ne’er-do-well. 叫做废物
[07:04] In today’s parlance, 用今天的说法
[07:06] they would just call him a dirtbag. 人们会叫他人渣
[07:12] Man down! 有人受伤了
[07:24] His leg looks like an Elvis dance move. 他的腿看起来像猫王在跳舞
[07:28] Somebody give that poor son of a bitch a shot of whiskey. 谁来给这个可怜的混蛋一点酒喝
[07:30] All right, back to work. 行了 回去干活吧
[07:33] I said, back to work. 我说了 回去干活
[07:38] Take him into town, put five dollars in his pocket. 把他带回镇里 给他塞五块钱
[07:41] Find another man for tomorrow. 然后找个人明天来顶他
[07:43] Somebody help. 救命
[07:45] You got a problem, Cheney? 你有什么问题吗 切尼
[07:47] No, sir. 没有 老大
[08:03] Are we becoming friends? 我们现在是朋友了吗
[08:06] Will you stop touching me? 你能别碰我了吗
[08:08] What? 啥
[08:09] What are you gonna do about it, Mr. Yale? 你能拿我怎么办呢 耶鲁先生
[08:15] The fuck you gonna do about it, Mr. Yale? Come on! 你他妈能拿我怎么办 耶鲁先生 来啊
[08:18] There you go. 就是这样
[08:25] ♪ Send me the pillow 把你的枕头
[08:28] ♪ That you dream on 送给我
[08:33] ♪ Don’t you know I still care for you? ♪ 你可知道我依然为你心动
[08:41] ♪ Sen… 把…
[08:51] Two times. 两次了
[08:54] Two times! 两次了
[08:55] I have to drag you out of that jail 我还得把你从监狱里拖出来
[08:57] like a filthy hobo. 像个肮脏的流浪汉
[09:01] I’m sorry, Lynne. 对不起 琳恩
[09:02] What? 什么
[09:05] -What did you just say? -I’m sorry, Lynnie. -你刚才说什么 -对不起 琳尼
[09:07] You’re sorry? Don’t call me “Lynnie.” 你现在知道对不起了 别叫我“琳妮”
[09:12] You’re sorry. 对不起
[09:16] One time is “I’m sorry.” 一次 你还能说“对不起”
[09:19] Two times makes me think that I’ve picked the wrong man. 两次我就觉得我当初是不是选错了人
[09:23] You already got your ass thrown out of Yale 你已经因为喝酒和打架
[09:25] for drinking and fighting. 被耶鲁开除了
[09:28] And now you’re just going to be a lush 你现在就准备当个
[09:30] that hangs power lines for the state? 给州里挂电线的醉汉吗
[09:31] Are you gonna live in a trailer? 你准备一辈子住在一辆拖车里吗
[09:33] We’re gonna have ten kids? Is that the plan? 我们是不是要生十个孩子 这就是你的计划吗
[09:34] Can we discuss this later, please? 我们能晚点再说吗 求你了
[09:35] No, we’re gonna discuss this right now 不行 我们就得现在说清楚了
[09:36] while you smell like vomit 就算你现在闻着像呕吐物
[09:38] and cheap booze. 和廉价酒
[09:41] -Does Dick want some coffee? -What? – 迪克要喝点咖啡吗 – 什么东西
[09:43] Mom, get out! 妈 出去
[09:44] Get out. “Does Dick want some coffee?” 出去啊 “迪克要喝点咖啡吗”
[09:46] Jesus Christ! 我真的服了
[09:49] Okay. Here’s my plan. 行吧 我是这么打算的
[09:53] All right? 你在听吗
[09:55] Either you stand up straight… 要么你挺起腰板…
[09:59] and you get your back straight… 好好做人…
[10:02] and you have the courage to become someone, 拿出勇气来变得更好
[10:05] or I’m gone. 要么我走
[10:07] I know a dozen guys 我知道十几个人
[10:08] and a few professors at school who would date me. 还有几个学校的教授都想追我
[10:11] I love you, Lynne. 我爱你 琳恩
[10:12] Then prove it! 那就证明给我看
[10:15] Prove it! 证明给我看
[10:19] I can’t… 我不能…
[10:22] go to a big Ivy League school, 去读藤校
[10:24] and I can’t run a company or be mayor. 我也不能开一家公司或者当市长
[10:27] That’s just the way the world is for a girl. 这个世界上女人就是这样
[10:29] I need you. 我需要你
[10:31] And right now you are a big, fat, piss-soaked zero. 但你现在就是个尿骚味的大胖子
[10:42] I’ve, I’ve seen my mom waitin’ up all night 我 我见过我妈以前整晚不睡
[10:45] for my father to get home. 就为了等我爸回家
[10:46] And I’ve seen my father drunk in this house 我也见过我爸在家里喝酒
[10:49] and raising his voice and way worse, 骂人 甚至还打人
[10:51] and I am not dancing that dance anymore. I’m not. 我是绝对不会走我妈的老路的 绝对不会
[10:54] You know why I fuck her? 你知道为什么我上了她吗
[11:03] I’m not. 绝对不会
[11:05] So can you change? 所以你能改变吗
[11:07] Can you change, or am I wasting my goddamn time? 我是在等你改变 还是在他妈的浪费时间
[11:18] I won’t ever disappoint you again, Lynne. 我不会再让你失望了 琳恩
[12:51] You were chosen because of your hard work, 你因努力工作 勤劳奉献
[12:54] your diligence, and dedication. 而被选中
[12:57] Stated simply, you are America’s best and brightest. 简单点说 你们就是美国最好最聪明的
[13:06] So let’s go forward and learn and be of service. 让我们一起前进 共同学习 为国奉献
[13:11] God bless you all 上帝保佑你们
[13:13] and God bless this great nation. 也保佑这个伟大的 呃 国家
[13:17] And now, I’d like to introduce some– a young man from Illinois 现在 我想给大家介绍几个–
[13:22] who has done quite well for himself 一个来自伊利诺斯州的小伙
[13:23] here in the Capitol. 他在首都混的挺好
[13:25] Representative Donald Rumsfeld. 唐纳德 拉姆斯菲尔德代表
[13:36] Did Bob tell you that this internship is a great honor? 鲍勃有没有跟你们说过这份实习工作
[13:45] Did he? 他说过吗
[13:46] Huh? Yeah? 说过是吗
[13:48] Well, it’s not. 其实 不是的
[13:52] It’s what we called in the Navy a “shit detail.” 这种工作我们在海军的时候都叫狗屎
[13:56] Donald Rumsfeld, 唐纳德 拉姆斯菲尔德
[13:58] or “Rummy,” as they called him, 人们也叫他“拉米”
[14:01] was the former captain of the Princeton wrestling team 层是普林斯顿大学摔跤队队长
[14:04] and an elite navy jet pilot. 以及一名优秀的海军喷气式飞机驾驶员
[14:08] Most congressmen use their power like an axe. 大多数国会议员像斧头一样使用他们的权力
[14:11] Best and brightest. 最好最聪明
[14:12] Rumsfeld, on the other hand, used his– 拉姆斯菲尔德就不一样
[14:15] Where? 在哪呢
[14:17] …like a master of the butterfly knife. …他就像蝴蝶刀大师
[14:20] And, like any master, if you got in his way, 所以 就像任何大师 当你挡着他的路了
[14:23] he would cut you. 他就会杀了你
[14:26] This can be a great opportunity. 这可以是一个巨大的机会
[14:28] An opportunity to work 一个机会去
[14:31] in the hallways of decision-making 在世界上最他妈伟大的国家的
[14:34] in the most powerful country in the goddamn world. 决策走廊里工作
[14:38] And if that doesn’t give you a hard-on, 如果这也不能让你渴望
[14:39] I don’t know what will. 我也不知道你想要什么了
[14:41] Sorry to the few ladies in the room. 这还有几位女士在 抱歉
[14:45] This program didn’t used to have girls, and now it does. 这个项目以前没有女性 现在有了
[14:48] Anyway, I’m Don. 行吧 我是唐
[14:50] Whatever you do… 不管你们干什么…
[14:52] don’t work for Bob over here. 别给那边的鲍勃干活
[14:55] He is the most boring son of a bitch in D.C. 他得是华盛顿最无聊的人了
[14:58] Isn’t that right, Bob? 你说对吗 鲍勃
[15:00] All right, that’s it. 行吧 我讲完了
[15:02] Go get a congressman a cup of coffee. 去找个国会议员给他倒杯咖啡吧
[15:04] And if his wife calls, he’s always in a meeting. 如果他老婆来电话了 永远说他在开会
[15:07] All right, that’s it. Scat. 好了 就这样 解散
[15:13] Hey, I’m Alan. 嘿 我叫艾伦
[15:15] You’re the other guy from the University 你就是那个威斯康星大学来的
[15:16] -of Wisconsin, right? -Right. 没错吧 – 没错
[15:18] Uh, so one of us is supposed to start 所以我们两个人有一个
[15:20] with a Democrat and the other a Republican. 要跟民主党 另一个跟共和党
[15:22] Do you care if I go with the Dem? 你介意让我去跟民主党吗
[15:24] ‘Cause I did a lot of work with the DNC on campus, so… 因为我在大学的时候跟DNC一起干了挺久的
[15:28] Um, what party is, uh, the guy we just heard? 呃 刚刚讲话那个人 他是哪个党的
[15:32] Well, there are three penises walking down the street. 街上有三只阴茎在走
[15:34] Yeah, you, and who are the other two? 嗯 你和另外两只吗
[15:36] Rumsfeld is a Republican. 拉姆斯菲尔德是共和党
[15:41] Perfect. ‘Cause, uh… 好极了 因为 呃
[15:45] that’s what I am. 我就是共和党
[15:59] Don’t lurk. Come in, damn it. 别躲躲藏藏了 他妈的快进来吧
[16:03] Um, Dick Cheney, reporting for work. 迪克·切尼 来报道了
[16:07] You’re congressional relations 你是国会议员
[16:09] for my Office of Economic Opportunity, 社区服务管理局
[16:11] and you will assist me in my job 而你会作为总统的顾问
[16:13] as counselor to the president. 帮助我完成我的工作
[16:16] Right. 好的
[16:19] Jesus Christ, you want me 我的天哪 你是想让我
[16:20] to pin your mittens to your sleeves 把你的手套别在袖子上
[16:21] so you don’t fuckin’ lose ’em? 让你不特么会丢掉他们吗
[16:23] -Go. -Yes, sir. – 走 – 是的 先生
[16:25] Oh, and Cheney, your two DUIs came up on your transcript. 对了 切尼 你单子上有两个酒后驾车的记录
[16:28] Don’t worry. I vouched for you. 别担心 我为你担保
[16:29] Thank you, sir. 谢谢您 先生
[16:31] No, thanks are when your neighbor Dottie 不用 你还是谢谢你的邻居多蒂
[16:32] pulls your pud for the first time. 第一次翻你呕吐物吧
[16:36] You owe me. 你欠我的
[16:37] -Yes, sir. -Go! – 是的 先生 – 快走
[16:42] The first thing our department did 我们部门做的第一件事
[16:44] was to conduct a sweeping audit 是对全国的人口分布
[16:48] at the population distribution across the nation. 进行全面的审计
[16:52] You will see that 你会看到
[16:53] the Office of Economic Opportunity benefits… 社区服务管理局
[16:56] You’re Rumsfeld’s lackey, right? 你是拉姆斯菲尔德的走狗 对吧
[16:58] Make sure he sees this. 一定要让他看到这个
[16:59] We gotta get that on Nixon’s desk, huh? 我们得把它放在尼克松的桌子上 好吧
[17:01] Roger Ailes, founder of Fox News. 罗杰·艾尔斯 福克斯新闻的创始人
[17:05] He first pitched the idea as Conservative News 他为尼克松做媒体顾问时
[17:07] when he worked for Nixon as a media consultant. 先把这个想法说成是保守的消息
[17:10] Hey, Don. 嘿 唐
[17:12] Roger wants Nixon to start a Republican news TV network. 罗杰希望尼克松建一个共和党新闻电视网
[17:14] Forget it. Roger knows TV, but he doesn’t know politics. 算了吧 罗杰懂电视 但不懂政治
[17:18] So I would do this flaming baton trick 所以我会做这个燃烧棒的戏法
[17:21] And Dick would wait backstage with a bucket of water. 而迪克会拿着一桶水在后台等着
[17:24] So I’m at the state finals, 因此我进了州决赛
[17:25] and I throw up the baton, and… 而我扔掉了指挥棒 然后…
[17:27] it doesn’t come down. 它没有下来
[17:30] Cheney! Oh. Where did you find her? 切尼 你在哪里找到她的
[17:33] It is doing nothing but damage 它只会损害我们的
[17:35] to our private health care institutions. 私人医疗机构
[17:38] But I still got second place. 但我还是获得了第二名
[17:40] White families. Males. 白人家庭 男性
[17:42] Women. Hispanics. Minorities… 女人 西班牙裔美国人 少数民族
[17:44] You’re quiet. I like that. 你很安静 我喜欢
[17:47] You don’t go blabbing about what cards you have. 你不必大张旗鼓地说你有什么
[17:50] I missed my flush draw about a month ago, 我大概一个月前错过了我的抽奖机会
[17:53] but everybody still seems to think I have pocket kings 但每个人都认为我有同花顺
[17:56] except maybe fucking Haldeman. 除了他妈的霍尔德曼
[17:57] Oh, I mostly play Hearts, so I’m not… 我主要是玩红心大战 所以我不是…
[18:00] No, no, no. 不 不 不
[18:02] For a man like Donald Rumsfeld, 像唐纳德·拉姆斯菲尔德这样的人
[18:04] he only wanted three things from his lackey. 他只想从他的走狗那里得到三样东西
[18:08] He had to keep his mouth shut. 他不得不闭嘴
[18:11] Do what he was told. 照他说的去做
[18:14] And always, always be loyal. 还有永远 永远的忠诚
[18:18] What it means is Nixon likes me, 意思是尼克松喜欢我
[18:19] but his circle hates me. 但他的圈子排斥我
[18:21] No, I’m sure that’s not true. 不 我肯定那不是真的
[18:22] So, what’s it gonna be? 那么 还会是什么
[18:23] Is it a “yes” or a “no”? 那是 是 还是 否 呢
[18:25] It’s a “yes.” 是 是的
[18:27] You don’t even know what the question is, do you? 你甚至不知道问题是什么 是吗
[18:29] -I’m assuming it’s to– -No, no, no. It’s okay. – 我假设是 – 不 不 不 没关系
[18:33] That’s exactly the kinda “yes” I was looking for. 这正是我想要的那种 是
[18:34] Cheney had always been a so-so student 切尼一直是个一般的学生
[18:37] and a mediocre athlete. 和一个平庸的运动员
[18:39] But now, finally, he had found his life’s calling. 但现在 他终于找到了命运的归宿
[18:44] He would be a dedicated and humble servant to power. 他将是一个献身于权力的卑微的仆人
[18:49] Here’s your new office. 这是你的新办公室
[18:51] No windows, but all you’d see 没有窗户 但你所会看到的
[18:53] are a bunch of hippies flipping off Nixon. 一群嬉皮士向尼克松发火
[18:56] All right, then. 就这样吧
[19:02] Now, at this point, 现在 这时候
[19:04] you’re probably wondering who exactly I am. 你可能想知道我到底是谁
[19:09] Well, let me introduce myself. 好吧 让我自我介绍一下
[19:10] My name is Kurt. 我叫库尔特
[19:12] My favorite football team is the Steelers, 我最喜欢的足球队是钢人队
[19:15] and me and my son, we love SpongeBob. 我和我儿子 我们爱海绵宝宝
[19:19] And if you’re wondering how I know 如果你想知道我怎么知道
[19:20] so much about Dick Cheney, 这么多关于迪克·切尼的事情
[19:23] well, let’s just say we’re kind of related. 好吧 我们是有点关系
[19:27] We’ll get to that later. 我们稍后再谈
[19:32] The Rifleman! 步枪兵
[19:40] Lynnie, 琳妮
[19:41] guess where I’m calling from. 猜猜我从哪里打来的
[19:45] I am so proud of you right now, Dick Cheney. 我现在为你感到骄傲 迪克·切尼
[19:49] I knew I picked the right man. I knew it even when I didn’t. 我知道我选对了人 即使我不知道 我也知道
[19:54] We did it. 我们做到了
[19:56] Have you seen Nixon? Hmm? 你见到尼克松了吗
[20:01] I did. I met him. I shook his hand. 我做到了 我遇见了他 我和他握了手
[20:04] Oh, my gosh. And he called you 天哪 而且他打电话给你
[20:07] -He gave me that, uh– -By name, like he actually… – 他给了我那个 名字 就像他
[20:09] …that impish smile of his. 他那顽皮的微笑
[20:11] I gotta pinch myself. 我得掐下自己
[20:15] Pardon my French. 请原谅我蹩脚的法语
[20:17] It is the best fucking feeling in the world. 这是世界上最特么好的感觉
[20:21] I can only imagine. I am so proud of you. 我只能想象 但我为你感到骄傲
[20:24] -I love you. -We are proud of you. – 我爱你 – 我们为你感到骄傲
[20:26] Your girls are proud of you. Are you proud of your daddy? 你的姑娘们为你骄傲 你为你爸爸骄傲吗
[20:28] Yes. 骄傲
[20:30] Can you say you’re proud of your daddy? 你能说你为你爸爸感到骄傲吗
[20:31] My daddy. 我的爸爸
[20:33] You’re proud of your daddy. 你为你爸爸感到骄傲
[20:34] Oh, my goodness. 我的天
[20:54] Dick Cheney’s office. 迪克·切尼的办公室
[20:56] So, now that I’m not just flipping cards, 所以 既然我不只是翻牌
[20:59] I have a few ideas. 我有一些想法
[21:01] Stop. 停下来
[21:03] See that door? 看见那扇门了吗
[21:05] To Kissinger’s office? 基辛格的办公室吗
[21:07] That’s right. 这是正确的
[21:09] I happen to know that Nixon is in there right now. 我碰巧知道尼克松现在在里面
[21:11] Now, why would Nixon 现在 尼克松为什么
[21:12] not be meeting Kissinger in the Oval Office? 不是在总统办公室见基辛格
[21:14] He’s having a conversation 他在谈话
[21:16] he doesn’t want to go on the record? 他不想记录在案
[21:17] Very good. 很好
[21:19] What is the conversation? 谈话内容是什么
[21:21] We’re going to bomb Cambodia. 我们要轰炸柬埔寨
[21:23] Well, that’s impossible. 那是不可能的
[21:24] That needs approval by Congress. 这需要国会的批准
[21:26] I’m over there every day. 我每天都在那里
[21:27] Oh, fuck Congress. Unless you’re in it. 他妈的国会 除非你在里面
[21:29] Then it’s the greatest deliberative body on earth. 它是地球上最伟大的审议机构
[21:32] But we’re not, so fuck it. 但我们不是 去他妈的
[21:34] But didn’t the president campaign on ending the– 但总统竞选不是为了结束
[21:36] Listen to me, listen to me. 听我说 听我说
[21:39] Because of the discussion 因为现在尼克松
[21:41] that Nixon and Kissinger are having right now 和基辛格在那扇门后面
[21:42] behind that door 离我们五英尺远
[21:44] five feet away from us, 的讨论
[21:46] in a couple of days, 10,000 miles away, 几天之后 10000英里外
[21:49] a rain of 750-pound bombs 一场从20000英尺的
[21:51] dropped from B-52s B-52S战机上降下的
[21:53] at 20,000 feet, 750磅重的炸弹雨
[21:55] will hit villages and towns all across Cambodia. 将袭击整个柬埔寨的村庄和城镇
[21:59] Thousands will die. 成千上万的人将死去
[22:02] And the world will change, for better or worse. 世界将会改变 无论是好是坏
[22:12] That is the kind of power that exists 这就是这座低矮丑陋的大楼里
[22:14] in this squat little ugly building. 存在的力量
[22:18] Screw Kissinger. He’s overrated. Let’s go. 干他妈的基辛格 他被高估了 走吧
[22:26] So, what are we… 那么 我们是
[22:28] -Um, you know, I mean– -Spit it out. – 你知道 我的意思是 – 快说出来
[22:31] -What are you trying to say? -Are we against spending? – 你想说什么 – 我们反对消费吗
[22:33] What do we believe? 我们相信什么
[22:47] “What do we believe?” 我们相信什么
[22:49] Oh. That’s very good. 很好
[22:52] “What do we believe?” 我们相信什么
[23:01] Oh, shit! 该死
[23:11] Like that, through there. 就这样 穿过它
[23:14] You find out what the fish want. 先要知道鱼想要什么
[23:16] In this case, it’s a worm. 这种情况下 是蠕虫
[23:18] And then, uh, we use it to catch him. 然后 我们用它来抓他
[23:21] Look it. Look it. 看它 看它
[23:22] Dada. Dada, look. 爸爸 爸爸 看
[23:24] The family gets to eat. 我们就可以吃饭了
[23:25] Is it a good trick we’re playing, for the worms? 对蠕虫来说 我们玩的把戏够好吗
[23:29] It’s not good or bad. It’s fishing. 不好也不坏 这是钓鱼
[23:32] I don’t want this one hurt. 我不想让这一个受伤
[23:34] Dick had taken a job 迪克接受了一份作为一家大型金融公司的
[23:35] as a political consultant for a large financial firm, 政治顾问工作
[23:39] where he was finally making good money. 在那里他终于赚了很多钱
[23:42] He took the job because Nixon’s inner circle 他接受这项工作是因为尼克松的内部圈子
[23:45] had had enough of Donald Rumsfeld. 已经受够了唐纳德·拉姆斯菲尔德
[23:48] I’m out. 我退出
[23:49] They’re sending me to Brussels. 他们要送我去布鲁塞尔
[23:51] What? 什么
[23:53] Nixon is making me permanent ambassador to NATO. 尼克松任命我为北约常驻大使
[23:57] Or as he called it… 或者他说
[23:58] It’s a fuck-off assignment. 这他妈的是一个任务
[24:00] Kissinger and Haldeman won. 基辛格和霍尔德曼赢了
[24:01] Why don’t you come with me? 你为什么不和我一起去
[24:03] I got a four and a seven-year-old, Don. 唐 我有一个四岁和一个七岁的孩子
[24:07] Tell Don we are not moving 告诉唐我们哪也不去
[24:08] just because everyone at the White House hates him. 只是因为白宫的每个人都恨他
[24:11] Good boy! 好孩子
[24:12] I taught you well these past couple of years. 这几年我教得很好
[24:14] I’m sorry, Don. 对不起 唐
[24:18] I really am. 真的对不起
[24:19] Don’t worry. 别担心
[24:20] I’m like bedbugs. 我就像臭虫
[24:22] You’ll have to burn the mattress to get rid of me. 你得烧掉床垫才能摆脱我
[24:25] Dick was becoming sharper and sharper 迪克作为华盛顿的内部人士
[24:28] as a D.C. insider. 变得越来越敏锐了
[24:30] And Lynnie had started to write articles 而琳妮开始写文章
[24:33] and explore ideas for her first novel. 并思索她第一部小说的点子
[24:35] Dick. 迪克
[24:40] Then she received news from back home in Casper. 然后她收到卡斯帕家里的消息
[24:50] The Lord is my shepherd. 上帝是我的牧人
[24:51] I shall not want. 我不会想要的
[24:52] Lynne’s mother Edna, 琳妮的母亲埃德娜
[24:54] who had avoided the water her whole life, 一辈子都不碰水
[24:56] was found drowned in the local Casper lake. 却在当地的卡斯帕湖被发现溺水
[24:59] …paths of righteousness. 正义之路
[25:01] They said her and Wayne, Lynne’s dad, 他们说她和韦恩 琳妮的爸爸
[25:04] had had a nasty argument an hour before. 一小时前发生了一场激烈的争吵
[25:07] She doesn’t swim, Dick. 她不会游泳 迪克
[25:09] -My mother doesn’t swim. -What happened? – 我妈妈不游泳 – 发生了什么事
[25:11] She never swam. I don’t– I don’t know. 她从不游泳 我不 我不知道
[25:15] She just never swims, and then… 她从不游泳 然后
[25:18] There was never a serious investigation 对于琳妮妈妈的死
[25:20] into Lynne’s mom’s death. 没有进行过任意一个认真的调查
[25:23] You wanna see me do a handstand right here? 你想看我在这里倒立吗
[25:25] No. Don’t. Dad. Dad. -I can do it right here. – 不 不要 爸爸 爸爸 – 我可以在这里做
[25:28] They’re getting so big. 她们越来越大了
[25:29] You’re gonna be all right, Dad. 你会没事的 爸爸
[25:31] Yeah. Yeah. -They’re big girls. – 她们是大姑娘了
[25:33] God, Dad… 天哪 爸爸
[25:34] So listen, after this we should… 听着 在这之后我们应该
[25:35] What should we do? Should we go get some food? 我们该怎么办 我们去买点吃的好吗
[25:37] Girls… 女孩们
[25:38] Dick, they were saying maybe– 迪克 他们说也许
[25:39] Why don’t you go to the car? 你为什么不上车
[25:42] Come on, girls, let’s listen to your father, all right? 来吧 姑娘们 让我们听听你父亲的话 好吗
[25:53] They’re gettin’ so beautiful, Dick. It’s amazing. 他们越来越漂亮了 迪克 真是太神奇了
[25:57] -Mmm. -Just… – 只是
[26:02] You catching any fish? 你抓到鱼了吗
[26:11] How are you, Dick? 你还好吗 迪克
[26:14] Things going good in D.C.? 华盛顿的情况好吗
[26:19] Don’t ever go near my daughters or my wife again. 不要再接近我的女儿或妻子
[26:41] Big shot! 大人物
[26:43] “Big shot in D.C.” Dick. 华盛顿的大人物 迪克
[26:54] Sir? 先生
[26:58] Thanks. -Mm-hmm. 谢谢
[27:14] So, uh, what do you got? 那么 你们找到了什么
[27:16] Page eight. 第八页
[27:22] Hassan Mustafa Nasr, 哈桑·穆斯塔法·纳萨尔
[27:24] a cleric based in Milan, Italy. 意大利米兰的牧师
[27:27] He’s a member of al-Gama’a al-Islamiyya, 他是伊斯兰半岛的一员
[27:30] the group that killed Anwar Sadat. 杀死安瓦尔·萨达特的组织
[27:32] That’s the blind sheikh, right? 那是盲人酋长 对吧
[27:34] There’s some debate at Langley 在兰利有些争论
[27:35] on whether they’re a threat or not. 这取决于他们是否有威胁
[27:38] They claim to be peaceful now. 他们现在要求和平
[27:42] I claim to be eating healthy. 我要求要吃的健康
[27:55] Okay. 好吧
[27:57] Go pick him up. 去把他带过来
[28:24] What’s the next name? 下一个名字是什么
[28:27] Well, Mr. Vice President, 哦 副总统先生
[28:28] there’s been some chatter about, uh, uh… 这有一些唠叨关于 额 额
[28:32] an engineering student from Berlin… 一个来自柏林的工程师学生
[28:35] I have never been a quitter. 我从没半途而废
[28:38] To leave office before my term is completed 在我的项目完成之前离开办公室
[28:41] is abhorrent to every instinct in my body. 我身体里的每一种本能都厌恶这样
[28:46] But as president… 但是作为总统
[28:48] I must put the interests of America first. 我必须把美国的利益放在第一位
[28:53] America needs a full-time president. 美国需要一个全职总统
[28:56] Nixon forgot about the voice-activated recorders. 尼克松忘记了声控录音机
[29:00] He got sloppy. 他变得马虎了
[29:02] Is the president being punished? 总统受到惩罚了吗
[29:04] No, no. The president has a lot of enemies. 不 不 总统有好多敌人
[29:06] Brussels, please. 请接布鲁塞尔
[29:09] You need to remember, Lizzie– 你要记住 丽兹
[29:11] The fight in the months ahead for my personal vindication… 接下来几个月里为我个人辩护的斗争
[29:14] …that if you have power, people will always try to take it from you. 如果你有权利 人们总是试图从你手中夺走它
[29:17] Always. 总是这样
[29:19] -Yeah. -Yes, ma’am. -是的 -是的 妈妈
[29:20] You remember that. 你记住了
[29:22] Donald Rumsfeld, please. 请接唐纳德·拉姆斯菲尔德
[29:23] This is a tragedy. 这是一场悲剧
[29:26] That is our president. 这是我们的总统
[29:27] This is ridiculous. 这太荒谬了
[29:29] I actually think this could be very, very good news. 我认为这确实是一个非常非常好的新闻
[29:38] The way I see it, any Republican not touched 在我看来 任何与水门无关的共和党人
[29:41] by Watergate is golden right now. 现在前途都是光明的
[29:44] Nice. Well, Ford called me before my plane took off, 很好 在我的飞机起飞前 福特给我打过电话
[29:47] and I think we’re in. 我想我们已经在其中了
[29:49] Oh, still driving this chick magnet, huh? 哦 还开着这个少女杀手啊 哈
[29:52] You can always take the bus. 你总是坐公共汽车
[29:53] Therefore… 因此
[29:56] I shall resign the presidency, 我将辞去总统职务
[29:57] effective at noon tomorrow. 明天中午生效
[30:00] Vice President Ford will be sworn in 福特副总统将宣誓就职
[30:03] as president at that hour… 作为那时的总统
[30:05] So what’s the plan? 那计划是什么
[30:07] Well, the plan is to take over the damn place. 好吧 计划是接管这个该死的地方
[30:12] Who lit a fire under your ass? 是谁在你屁股下面生火的
[30:14] I haven’t flipped cards for a long time, Don. 唐 我好久没翻牌了
[30:23] They gave me the keys to the damn palace. 他们把那该死的白宫的钥匙给了我
[30:28] Chief of Staff. 参谋长
[30:31] Holy shit. 天啊
[30:33] You salty son of a bitch. 你这个臭婊子养的
[30:35] You did it. 你做到了
[30:37] All right, we have work to do. 对 我们有事做了
[30:40] Kissinger is trying to kiss and make up with the Soviets. 基辛格正试图与苏联握手言和
[30:43] Well, let’s make sure that shit doesn’t happen. 好吧 让我们确保这件事不会发生
[30:51] Yeah. 是啊
[31:01] If I may, I believe I may have a way 如果可以的话 我相信我有办法
[31:04] to put an oar in the water on Russia. 在俄罗斯的水面上划桨
[31:07] What if we create– 如果我们创造
[31:09] Mr. President. 总统先生
[31:11] Hold on, Henry, let’s hear Dick out. 等等 亨利 让我们听听迪克说的
[31:13] One of Dick Cheney’s special superpowers 迪克·切尼的超级大国之一
[31:16] was the ability to make 有能力想出
[31:18] the most wild and extreme ideas 最疯狂和最极端的想法
[31:21] sound measured and professional. 听起来慎重又专业
[31:24] What if, on a unilateral basis, 如果在单方面的基础上
[31:26] we all put miniature wigs on our penises 我们都把小假发戴在吊上
[31:30] and we walked out to the White House lawn 我们走到白宫草坪上
[31:33] and jerked each other off? 然后互相推脱
[31:35] So, like a puppet show, but much more enjoyable. 所以 就像木偶戏一样 但更令人愉快
[31:40] Hmm. I do like a good puppet show. 嗯 我真的很喜欢木偶戏
[31:43] I say we do it. 我说我们做到了
[31:45] Henry Kissinger has been relieved 亨利·基辛格松了一口气
[31:47] as national security advisor 作为国家安全顾问
[31:48] and replaced by Brent Scowcroft. 被布伦特·斯考克罗夫特取代
[31:52] They’re calling it the Halloween Massacre. 他们称之为万圣节大屠杀
[31:55] -Mr. President. -Hold on, Henry. -总统先生 -等等 亨利
[31:57] Donald Rumsfeld has replaced 唐纳德·拉姆斯菲尔德已经取代
[31:58] Secretary of Defense James Schlesinger. 国防部长詹姆斯·施莱辛格
[32:00] And Dick Cheney has been chosen as the… 迪克·切尼被选为
[32:02] Youngest Chief of Staff in history. 历史上最年轻的参谋长
[32:04] It’s real. 这是真的
[32:07] And Don is the youngest Secretary of Defense ever. 唐是有史以来最年轻的国防部长
[32:11] Well, I’m not talking about Don. 好吧 我不是在说唐
[32:13] I’m talking about you. 我说的是你
[32:16] And I’m going to give you 我会给你
[32:18] a kiss right here in the White House. 一个吻在这 在白宫
[32:22] Excuse me, Mr. And Mrs. Cheney, 打扰一下 切尼先生和切尼夫人
[32:24] These girls were trying to enter the Oval Office. 这些女孩试图进入总统办公室
[32:26] Oh, dear. Oh, dear. 哦 亲爱的 哦 亲爱的
[32:28] -Girls… -Hey. Hey, there. Hey, you! -孩子们 -嘿 嘿 那里 嘿 你
[32:31] Girls, this is not a playground. Please do not… 姑娘们 这不是游乐场 请不要
[32:34] Hey, you. Hey. 嘿 你 嘿
[32:36] Is this where Santa lives? 圣诞老人住在这里吗
[32:39] It’s even better. It’s even better. 这比那里更好 这比那里更好
[32:42] This is where… 这里就是
[32:46] the leader of the greatest nation 地球上最伟大的国家的领导人
[32:49] on earth lives. 住的地方
[32:51] Are you one of his elves, Daddy? 你是他的小精灵吗 爸爸
[32:52] In a way, yes. 在某种程度上 是的
[32:54] No, he is not, Mary. 不 他不是 玛丽
[32:56] Your father is Chief of Staff. 你父亲是参谋长
[32:58] Chief of Staff. 参谋长
[33:01] If you’re silly with her, 如果你对她很傻
[33:03] she’ll grow up to be a silly woman. 她长大后会变成一个愚蠢的女人
[33:04] Right, of course. I forgot. 是的 当然 我忘了
[33:07] That’s just, uh… That’s just silly, Mary. 只是 呃 太傻了 玛丽
[33:11] And as the new Chief of Staff, 作为新的参谋长
[33:13] and with the presidency weakened by Watergate, 随着总统职位被水门事件削弱
[33:16] Dick Cheney wanted to find out 迪克·切尼想知道
[33:18] exactly how much power did the president have. 总统到底有多大的权力
[33:21] I would like to reinstate executive authority. 我想恢复行政权力
[33:25] How? 怎么做
[33:26] Antonin Scalia 安东宁斯卡里亚
[33:28] a young lawyer with the Justice Department 一个司法部的年轻律师
[33:30] who would later go on to serve on the Supreme Court 那个后来继续在最高法院任职
[33:32] rocked Dick’s world. 震动了迪克世界的人
[33:34] Interesting you should ask. 有趣的是你应该问
[33:35] Are you familiar with the theory 你熟悉这个
[33:37] of the unitary executive? 独裁专政的理论吗
[33:39] No. Tell me about it. 不熟悉 给我说一下关于这个
[33:41] Uh, it is an interpretation 呃 这是个解释
[33:42] that few, like myself, happen to believe, 像我这样的少数人恰好知道
[33:44] in Article II of the Constitution 在宪法第二条中
[33:46] that vests the president 赋予总统
[33:48] with absolute executive authority. 绝对的单一执行权
[33:51] And I mean absolute. 我的意思是绝对的
[34:05] -Hey, baby? -Yep? 嘿 宝贝 -是吗
[34:07] You wanna take Cole to the high chair? 你想带科尔去高脚椅吗
[34:10] Come on, buddy. 来吧 伙计
[34:11] I’ve gotta try and explain 我得试着解释一下
[34:12] this thing to the people. 这是给人民的
[34:14] Oh, aren’t you hungry? 哦 你不饿吗
[34:16] The unitary… 独裁
[34:18] executive… 专政
[34:19] theory. 理论
[34:21] Certain legal scholars believe that 一些法律学者认为
[34:23] if the president does anything, 如果总统做了些什么
[34:25] it must be legal, 那必须是合法的
[34:27] because it’s the president. 因为那是总统
[34:29] To hell with checks and balances, 让支票和余额见鬼去吧
[34:31] especially during times of war. 尤其是在战争时期
[34:34] This was the power of kings, pharaohs, dictators. 这是国王 法老和独裁者的权力
[34:40] It’s perfect. 完美
[34:41] Dick Cheney was a foot soldier 迪克·切尼是个步兵
[34:43] in the power games of Washington, D.C. 在华盛顿的权力游戏中
[34:46] But with the unitary executive theory, 但是有了独裁专政的理论
[34:49] he could become… 他可能会成为
[34:51] Galactus, Devourer of Planets. 银河系 行星的吞噬者
[34:56] But then it was election night, 但在选举之夜
[35:00] and there was one big problem. 还有一个大问题
[35:01] The winner, with 272 electoral votes… 获胜者有272张选票
[35:04] we had wondered which one of us 我们想知道我们中的哪一个
[35:06] was going to make this announcement. 会发表声明
[35:07] James Earl Carter, 詹姆斯·厄尔·卡特
[35:10] the next president of the United States. 下一任美国总统
[35:11] And just like that, it was all over. 就像那样 一切都结束了
[35:15] Dick Cheney, the president’s Chief of Staff, 总统参谋长迪克·切尼
[35:18] he does not have a job. 他没了工作
[35:20] At one point, he was a broker. 在那时 他是个经纪人
[35:21] It can’t be. It’s got to be some sort of a mistake. 不可能 这一定是个错误
[35:23] -A miscalculation. -There goes the neighborhood. – 一个失误 – 出了差错
[35:28] Well… 好
[35:31] thank you all. 谢谢大家
[35:32] The Republicans have lost the presidency. 共和党人失去了总统职位
[35:35] They are the minority in Congress and in most states. 他们是国会和大多数州的少数派
[35:37] With America demanding change, I don’t see… 随着美国要求变革 我看不到…
[35:40] The GOP is a party in disarray. 共和党是一个混乱的政党
[35:42] Clearly, Watergate, the Vietnam War… 很明显 水门事件 越南战争…
[35:44] President Carter went up 卡特总统上去了
[35:45] on the roof of the White House today 现在在白宫的屋顶上
[35:47] to show off the new solar water heaters 炫耀安装在那的新的太阳能热水器
[35:49] installed there. 新的太阳能热水器
[35:50] Today, in directly harnessing 现在 直接利用
[35:52] the power of the sun, we are taking 太阳的力量 我们正在获取
[35:54] the energy that God gave us, 上帝给我们的能量
[35:56] the most renewable energy that we will ever see, 我们看到的最好的可再生能源
[36:00] and using it to replace our dwindling supplies 用它来取代我们日益减少的
[36:02] of fossil fuels. 化石燃料的能源供应
[36:05] There is no longer any question 再也没有问题了
[36:06] that solar energy 太阳能
[36:09] is both feasible and also cost-effective. 既可行又经济
[36:33] …went on to be Secretary of Defense. 继续担任国防部长
[36:35] Al Haig, who became Supreme Allied Commander in Europe, 阿尔黑格成为欧洲盟军最高指挥官
[36:38] and, uh, Bob Haldeman, who is doing time 还有 鲍勃·霍尔德曼 他还在服刑
[36:41] in a California penitentiary. 在加利福尼亚的一所监狱里
[36:43] Well, not me. Not me, sir. 嗯 不是我 不是我 先生
[36:45] I, I will become the gentleman from Wyoming. 我 我将成为来自怀俄明州的绅士
[36:48] Most of all, and hear this, 最重要的是 听到这个
[36:51] uh, taxes must go down. 呃 税收必须降低
[36:53] I’ll say it again, taxes must go down. 我再说一遍 税收必须降低
[36:55] We must ameliorate the pain of taxes 我们必须减轻税收的痛苦
[36:57] for the working man 为了工人
[36:59] and bring, uh… 带上 呃…
[37:01] …perspicacity to the fore. 高瞻远瞩
[37:04] I’m as much a Wyomingite, our, uh, demonym… 我是一个女妖精 我们的 呃 恶魔…
[37:08] Blah, blah, blah. 废话 废话 废话
[37:10] Thank God for name recognition. 感谢上帝的指名
[37:12] …as Jedediah Smith. 杰迪戴亚·史密斯
[37:14] Well, um, enough of the horsing around. 嗯 嗯 够了
[37:16] Although that is, of course, what, uh, us cowboys do. 当然 这是美国牛仔的工作
[37:19] Um… 嗯
[37:22] Uh, vote for Cheney for Congress. 呃 投票给切尼参加国会
[37:25] I will not let you down, you can count on me. 我不会让你失望的 你可以依靠我
[37:28] And, uh, thank you. 还有 呃 谢谢你
[37:29] Vote for, uh, Cheney in Congress. 在国会投票给切尼
[37:35] Either he drinks next time or I do. 下次要么他喝酒 要么我喝酒
[37:39] Yeah… 是啊
[37:41] I don’t want anyone to panic, 我不想让任何人惊慌
[37:42] but, uh, I do believe I have to go to the hospital. 但是 呃 我觉得我必须去医院
[37:49] Now. 现在就去
[38:00] It’s an inferior wall infarct. 是下壁管梗塞
[38:03] But that, that can be fixed, right? 但那是可以解决的 对吧
[38:06] If it was up to me, 要我说
[38:08] you’d drop out of the election. 你最好退出选举
[38:11] But you’ve both made that clear 但你们都说得很清楚
[38:12] that it’s not an option, 这不是一个选择
[38:14] so you must have a minimum of two weeks bed rest. 所以你必须至少休息两周
[38:17] Two weeks off, we’ll lose our lead. 两周后 我们将失去领先优势
[38:20] Like hell we will. 我们会不顾死活的
[38:22] Dick Cheney has an illness, 迪克·切尼生病了
[38:23] so he can’t be here today. 所以他今天不能到这里
[38:26] But we got his wife, and she’s a darn pretty girl. 但我们找到了他的妻子 她是个可爱的女孩
[38:30] Lynne Cheney! 琳恩·切尼
[38:34] Hello… 你好
[38:35] Hello, how are you today? 你好 今天怎么样
[38:37] Good, good, good to hear. 很好 很好 很高兴听到
[38:39] Uh, it’s really nice to be back in my home state. 嗯 回到我的家乡真是太好了
[38:43] See, I grew up in Wyoming, but it seems that, uh, 我在怀俄明州长大 但看起来
[38:47] somewhere along the line, 沿着这条线
[38:49] Washington, D.C. stopped listening 华盛顿不听
[38:51] to real folks like us 像我们这样真实的人说话
[38:53] and started only listening to liberal snobs 开始只听自由派势利的人的言论
[38:56] who want us all to lose our jobs to affirmative action. 他们希望我们所有人都因平权行动而失业
[39:02] Okay, Lynne. Let’s… 好了 琳妮
[39:05] That’s right. 说得对
[39:07] You know, I went to New York City. 你知道 我去了纽约
[39:10] Women in New York City are burning their bras. 纽约市的妇女正在烧胸罩
[39:15] Well, you know what women in Wyoming do with our bras? 你知道怀俄明州的女人胸罩干什么吗
[39:17] We wear them. 我们穿它们
[39:19] We wear them. 没错我们穿胸罩
[39:22] Here in Wyoming, 在俄怀明州
[39:24] we believe there is a right and a wrong… 我们相信凡事都有对有错
[39:26] Because I’m a mom and a wife from Wyoming 因为我是一个来自俄怀明州的母亲和妻子
[39:29] and I know how it feels to make every penny count. 所以我懂物尽其用是什么感觉
[39:33] And not only do I speak for you, 我不仅仅是为你们发声
[39:36] but my husband, Dick Cheney… 也是为了我的丈夫 迪克 切尼
[39:37] A hard wind of change 改革的狂风
[39:39] had been blowing through America. 横扫了整个美国
[39:41] Civil rights,Roe v. Wade, environmentalism, 民权 罗伊韦德 环境主义
[39:45] but there was a part of the country 但这个国家的有些人
[39:47] that was angry about this change. 对这种改变很反感
[39:50] Thanks to my amazing wife. 多亏了我无所不能的妻子
[39:55] It’s good to be joining you all here in D.C. 很高兴能和你们一起到华盛顿来
[39:59] as Wyoming’s sole congressional representative. 作为怀俄明州唯一的国会代表
[40:03] And then, big money families 然后 有钱人家
[40:05] like the Kochs and the Coors 例如科赫家族和库尔斯家族
[40:07] that were sick of paying income taxes 厌倦了缴纳所得税
[40:10] rolled right into Washington, D.C. 来到华盛顿特区
[40:12] and started writing fat checks 开出巨额支票
[40:15] to fund right-wing think tanks… 来资助右翼智囊团
[40:18] that would change the way 那将会颠覆
[40:20] many Americans looked at the world. 许多美国人看待世界的方式
[40:25] Finally, in 1980, this unlikely revolution 最后 在1980年 这场不太可能的
[40:29] of the super-rich and white conservatives 针对超级富豪和白人保守派掀起的革命
[40:32] found its face. 终于出现了
[40:33] For those without skills, 对于那些没有特长的人
[40:35] we’ll find a way to help them get new skills. 我们会找到办法帮助他们
[40:38] For those without job opportunities, 对于那些找不到工作机会的人
[40:40] we’ll stimulate new opportunities, 我们将创造新的机会
[40:42] particularly in the inner cities where they live. 尤其是在他们生活的地区
[40:45] For those who’ve abandoned hope, 对于那些已经放弃生活希望的人们
[40:48] we’ll restore hope and we’ll welcome them 我们将会重启希望并欢迎他们
[40:50] into a great national crusade 加入伟大的国家改革运动
[40:51] to make America great again. 让美国再次强大起来
[41:00] Thank you very much. 非常感谢你
[41:03] God bless America. 上帝保佑美国
[41:06] It was the fucking 1980s, 那是操蛋的上世纪八十年代
[41:10] and it was a hell of a time to be Dick Cheney. 那对于迪克切尼来说是段苦日子
[41:15] Vote on H.R.4445, 就众议院第4445号法案投票
[41:19] the Undetectable Firearms Act, 无法检测武器法案
[41:21] to ban plastic guns that can evade metal detectors. 禁止使用可以避开金属探测器的塑料枪
[41:25] Nay. 内伊
[41:26] Well, thank you, Congressmen Cheney. 好吧 谢谢你 切尼议员
[41:29] I hear you’ve been quite the ally. 我听说你一直是我的盟友
[41:31] …establishing Martin Luther King Jr. Day …建立马丁·路德·金日
[41:34] as a federal holiday. 作为联邦法定节假日
[41:36] H.R.36441, the Endangered Species Act. 众议院第36441号法案 濒危物种法
[41:42] Mr. T is here, right with the First Family. T先生就在这里 和第一家人在一起
[41:45] Vote on H.R.500, the Water Quality Act. 投票表决众议院第500号法案 水质法
[41:50] Vote on H.R.44… 投票表决众议院第44…
[41:54] Someone call an ambulance! 快来人叫救护车
[41:58] I’m having a heart attack, you idiot. 我有心脏病 你个蠢货
[42:34] Thank you, Alex, for your very responsible… 谢谢你 亚历克斯 你非常负责…
[42:36] Oh, congratulations. 哦 恭喜你
[42:37] Thank you. I was very, very excited… 谢谢您 我非常非常兴奋…
[42:40] Thank you. 谢谢您
[42:42] No, thank you. 不用了 谢谢
[42:44] Oh, they’re both brilliant but broke. 哦 他们都很聪明 但都破产了
[42:50] Hey, Dick. 嘿 迪克
[42:52] Hello, Lynne. 你好 琳恩
[42:54] Congratulations on your appointment. 祝贺你的上任啦
[42:55] Oh, well, thank you, Mr. Vice President. 哦 好吧 谢谢你 副总统先生
[42:58] How is your lovely family? 你可爱的家人怎么样
[42:59] Well, we think our son Jeb seems cut out for office. 我认为我的儿子杰布似乎不适合坐办公室
[43:04] We may be asking for your endorsements in a few years. 几年后我们可能会寻求你的支持
[43:06] Well, if he’s half as charming as you are, George, 如果他有你一半的魅力 乔治
[43:09] then you’ll have both of our votes. 那么你将得到我们的两张选票
[43:10] can I get that in writing? 我能把它写下来吗
[43:12] Oh, yeah, of course. 哦 是的 当然
[43:13] Dick, I just want to say thank you 迪克 我只是想说谢谢你
[43:15] for getting the House not to override 为了让众议院不推翻
[43:16] the president’s veto on the fairness doctrine. 总统对公平原则的否决
[43:18] No, not a problem. 不 没问题
[43:20] Happy to get rid of any big government regulations. 很乐意摆脱任何政府法规
[43:22] Thank you. Great. 谢谢您
[43:24] The fairness doctrine was a law from the 40s 公平原则是40年代的法律
[43:26] that required any broadcast TV or radio news 需要所有广播电视或广播新闻
[43:29] to present both sides of an issue equally. 平等地呈现问题的利弊
[43:32] Its repeal would lead to the rise of opinion news. 它的废除将导致舆论新闻的兴起
[43:35] Let me tell you something, you skinny human prophylactic. 让我告诉你一件事 你个废物
[43:41] Love is the only human emotion you can’t fake. 爱是人类唯一无法掩饰的情感
[43:43] Except women. And thank God they can. 除了女人 感谢上帝 她们可以掩饰
[43:48] And eventually to the realization 最终实现
[43:50] of Roger Ailes’ dream. 罗杰·艾尔斯的梦想
[43:52] Fox News, which would go on to become 福克斯新闻 这将成为
[43:55] the number one news station in the United States 美国第一新闻台
[43:58] and swing America even more to the right. 让美国更加右倾
[44:02] Thank you. Great. 谢谢您
[44:06] Sorry. Sorry. Hey, it’s all right. 对不起 对不起 嘿 没关系
[44:09] Lighten up, sweetheart. It’s a party. 放松点 甜心 这是一个聚会
[44:11] Let me go see if I can see 让我去看看能不能看见
[44:12] if everything’s okay over there. 如果那边一切正常的话
[44:13] Great to see you both. Love to the girls. 很高兴见到你们俩 我对你女儿的问候
[44:15] Love to Barbara. 也请转告我对芭芭拉的问候
[44:16] Will do. 我会的
[44:18] -That’s his son. -Oh, crap. – 那是他的儿子 – 哦 糟了
[44:21] George W., black sheep of the family. 乔治·W 败家子一个
[44:23] Let’s go. 我们走
[44:25] A little too much unconditional love there. 有点太溺爱了
[44:30] Can you feel it, Dick? 你能感受到吗 迪克
[44:32] Half the room wants to be us. 这屋里一半的人想成为我们
[44:34] The other half fears us. 另一半害怕我们
[44:36] I know George is next in line, but… 我知道乔治是第二种类型的 但是…
[44:40] after that, who knows? 在那之后 谁知道呢
[44:43] I respect the hell out of Reagan, 我尊重里根的灵魂
[44:47] but no one has shown the world the true power 但没有人向世界展示
[44:50] of the American presidency. 美国总统真正的力量
[45:19] Excuse me, Miss Mary! 对不起 玛丽小姐
[45:21] You cannot leave the grounds during school hours. Mary! 你不能在上课时间离开这里 玛丽
[45:33] Well, I don’t understand. 好吧 我不理解
[45:35] You just left school? Why? 你就直接从学校离开了 为什么
[45:37] It doesn’t make any sense. 这讲不通啊
[45:40] It was Susan. 是苏珊
[45:43] Susan, your best friend? 苏珊 你最好的朋友吗
[45:46] Oh, honey, did you get in a fight over a boy or… 哦 亲爱的 你们是为一个男孩打架还是……
[45:55] She broke up with me. 她和我分手了
[45:59] Mom, Dad… 妈妈 爸爸…
[46:04] I… 我…
[46:05] I like girls. 我喜欢女孩子
[46:08] I’m gay. 我是同性恋
[46:30] It doesn’t matter, sweetheart. 没关系 亲爱的
[46:33] We love you no matter what. 不管怎样 我们都爱你
[46:37] Daddy. 爸爸
[46:39] I love you so much. 我非常爱你
[46:43] This is going to make things… 这会使事情变得
[46:46] so hard for you. 对你来说很难
[46:55] When George Bush Sr. was elected president, 当老布什当选总统时
[46:58] Dick Cheney was made Secretary of Defense, 迪克·切尼被任命为国防部长
[47:02] sixth in line to the presidency. 总统的第六位顺位继承人
[47:05] And after a few years, 几年后
[47:07] it was Dick’s turn to run for president. 轮到迪克竞选总统了
[47:10] So they decided to do some early polling numbers. 所以他们决定提前做一些投票
[47:13] Uh-huh. Guess that’s it. 嗯 就这样吧
[47:17] We can move those numbers. Just… 我们可以这些改动数字 只是…
[47:20] go after the welfare state, 追求福利国家
[47:22] -regulations, government waste. -It’ll be war. -法规 政府浪费 – 这将是场战争
[47:24] No. 不
[47:25] I, uh… 我 呃…
[47:27] I can’t put Mary through that. 我不能让玛丽对手的攻击对象
[47:31] Every primary opponent will go after her. 每个主要对手都会攻击她因为她是同性恋
[47:39] And we deny. 我们否认就是了
[47:42] Shame them for going after the family and… 让他们为他们的所作所为感到羞耻…
[48:23] You let Grandma go. 你让奶奶走了
[48:26] Come on. Good boy. 来吧 好孩子
[48:28] All right. 好的
[48:31] No. Oh, my goodness. 不 哦 天哪
[48:40] It’s great, Philip. 太好了 菲利普
[48:41] Uh, Coors has me mapping out strategies 呃 库尔斯让我
[48:44] for people living alternative lifestyles. 对生活方式不同的人制定相应的策略
[48:46] The Coors are a wonderful family. 库尔斯一家很好
[48:48] They’re good people. 他们是好人
[49:31] Who is calling on a Sunday morning? 星期天早上谁打电话来
[49:36] I don’t know. 我不知道
[49:38] Okay. I’m coming. 好了 我来了
[49:43] I’m comin’. 我来了
[49:47] Hello. 你好
[49:52] That’s right. 对的
[50:04] Any way I can be of assistance. 我能帮上什么忙
[50:09] 00 p.M. 晚上12点
[50:12] Of course. 当然
[50:14] Oh, that, uh… 哦 那个 呃…
[50:16] that goes without saying. 不言而喻
[50:20] Thank you. 谢谢您
[50:21] No, thank you. 不用了 谢谢
[50:24] Who was that? 那是谁
[50:26] It was someone from 是一个来自
[50:28] George Bush’s son’s, uh, campaign. 乔治·布什的儿子的竞选活动
[50:31] Jeb? 杰布
[50:32] No, no, George W. 不 不 乔治W
[50:34] -Uh, Jeb’s Florida. -Right, right. – 呃 杰布在佛罗里达 – 对 对
[50:36] Oh, I still can’t believe they’ve got 哦 我还是不敢相信他们
[50:38] that poor boy running for president. 让那个败家子竞选总统
[50:40] What’d they want? 他们想要什么
[50:43] They want to talk to me about being his running mate. 他们想和我谈谈作为他的竞选伙伴的事
[50:48] What? 什么
[50:51] They didn’t say it outright, 他们没有直截了当地说
[50:52] but, uh… 但是 呃…
[50:54] I’ve made that call myself. 我自己打过电话
[50:57] That’s what they want. 这就是他们想要的
[51:00] A vice president is a nothing job. 副总统不是什么工作
[51:05] Well, I’ll just hear ’em out. 当然 我也就是听听
[51:07] I owe that to the father. 我应该感谢我父亲
[51:09] The VP just sits around 副总裁只是闲着
[51:11] and waits for the president to die. 然后坐等总统死掉
[51:13] You’ve said so yourself. 你自己也说过
[51:16] Yeah, it’s a cruddy job. 是的 这是一项很糟糕的工作
[51:19] It’s just a meeting. 只是个会议
[51:22] Is it just a meeting? 只是个会议吗
[51:25] It’s just a meeting. 只是个会议没有任命我当副总统
[51:32] Good. 很好
[51:55] Yes, Governor. 是的 州长
[51:58] Of course. 当然
[52:00] The governor will see you now, Secretary Cheney. 州长马上就来见你 切尼秘书
[52:08] Sure. 当然
[52:12] Hey! Hello, Dick. 嘿 你好 迪克
[52:14] Hello, George. 你好 乔治
[52:16] It’s been a while. 距离上次见面有一段时间了
[52:18] Last year. 去年
[52:19] Foreign policy sessions. 外交政策会议
[52:22] That’s right. Yeah, that’s right. 对对 是的 没错
[52:24] Those meetings were, uh… 那些会议是 呃…
[52:26] very engaging. 非常吸引人
[52:29] I do remember we both agreed 我记得我们都同意
[52:31] my dad would’ve been re-elected 我爸爸会被重新选举出来的
[52:33] had he taken out Saddam. 他把萨达姆带走了
[52:34] Right. Yeah, wartime presidents. 正确的 是的 战时总统
[52:38] Very popular. 非常受欢迎
[52:39] That they are. That they are. 他们就是这样 他们就是这样
[52:42] So… 所以…
[52:46] Congratulations 祝贺你
[52:47] on a… successful primary. 关于…初选成功
[52:51] I’ve, uh, been through a few myself, 我自己也经历过一些类似的事情
[52:54] and they can be, shall we say… 这些事情很 我们可以说…
[52:56] Fuckin’ exhausting. 他妈的很累
[52:57] Right. 正确的
[53:00] Yeah. 是啊
[53:01] It’s a grind. 这是一个磨难
[53:03] It’s a grind, I’ll tell you. 我来告诉你 这是一种磨难
[53:04] Buses, bologna sandwiches. 巴士 博洛尼亚三明治
[53:08] Hell, I like people, but, I mean, 见鬼 我喜欢人 但是我想
[53:09] you know, enough’s enough. 你知道 够了就是够了
[53:15] So… 所以
[53:17] that call I received… 我接到的那通电话是什么意思
[53:19] I forgot, you’re a brass tacks guy, 我忘了 你是个开门见山的人
[53:20] aren’t ya? I like that. 我喜欢你这种态度
[53:23] You surprised I’m running for president? 你很惊讶我正在竞选总统吗
[53:26] He wants to impress his father 他想讨好他父亲的渴望
[53:29] more than anything. 胜过一切
[53:30] After my, uh, shall we say, wild years? 我度过了 可以说是放荡不羁的岁月之后
[53:34] Well, George, I sowed some oats myself 其实 乔治 我以前也有过放纵自己
[53:37] back in the day. 的生活
[53:39] And I still enjoy a cold beer on occasion. 现在我有时还喜欢喝冰镇啤酒
[53:43] -I bet you did. -Mmm. -我敢打赌你做了 -嗯
[53:44] I bet you did, you rascal. 我敢打赌你做了 你这个流氓
[53:46] I can’t anymore. It got bad. 我不能再这样了 情况变糟糕了
[53:51] Good times. 那些美好的时光
[53:52] What does he really want? 他真正想要的是什么
[53:55] What does he need? 他需要什么
[53:56] It’s tough, I’ll tell ya. 选举会很艰难 我跟你说
[54:00] I lost my first congressional race, 我在第一次国会竞选中输了
[54:02] and it was not good. 情况不妙
[54:07] How ’bout some brisket? 要不要来点鸡胸肉
[54:09] George, um… 乔治 呃
[54:12] Hey, Theresa! Hey, Theresa! 嘿 特丽萨 嘿 特丽萨
[54:15] All right, we’ll find some. 好的 我们这就去准备
[54:17] -Get the burnt ends. -THERESA: ‘Course. -要烧到熟透 -当然
[54:19] So listen, I got a… 所以 我在民意调查中
[54:22] “lack of experience” problem in the polls, 被指出缺乏经验的问题
[54:24] and you are one of the most experienced guys around. 而你是这里最有经验的人之一
[54:26] You wanna jump on board, be my vice? 你想加入我的阵营当我的副总统吗
[54:30] I’m honored. 不甚荣幸
[54:32] Don’t be honored, fuckin’ say yes, Mr. Brass Tacks. 别说荣幸 直接说是的 直性子先生
[54:34] Mmm. I have to say, uh, no. 那 我必须说 不
[54:37] Dick, come on, we’re gonna have a lot of fun. 迪克 来吧 我们一起会有很多乐趣
[54:39] What are you doin’ right now? You’re in the private sector? 想想你现在在做什么 你在私营部门吗
[54:42] Yeah. 是啊
[54:44] Come on, I know you love politics. 拜托 我知道你热衷于政治
[54:46] George. 乔治
[54:47] -Let’s go. -Not gonna happen. -我们合作吧 -不可能的
[54:50] Come on now. 来吧
[54:53] Well, that’s a shame. 哦 真可惜
[54:55] It is. 它是
[54:58] Perhaps I could, uh… 也许我可以 呃
[55:00] help you find the right running mate. 帮你找到合适的竞选伙伴
[55:03] Run my VP search team? 你是指负责我的副总裁搜索团队吗
[55:05] Mmm. No team. Just me. 唔 没有团队 只有我
[55:15] Yeah, yeah, that could work, that could… 是的 是的 这样可以 这样
[55:17] I have to run it by Rove, of course, but, uh… 当然 我必须得让Rove去负责 但是 呃
[55:21] If I lose, maybe I could become 如果我输了 也许我会变成
[55:22] commissioner of baseball. 棒球队的主管人
[55:24] You know? 你知道吗
[55:26] But the, um, idea… 但是 这个 目的
[55:29] is to win. 就是赢
[55:33] I’m gonna keep you in the back of my mind. 我会把你留在我的脑海里
[55:42] So, are you going to tell me how it went today or not? 那么 你是不是要告诉我今天的情况
[55:49] It was very interesting. 很有趣
[55:51] He is, uh… 他 呃
[55:55] …green. 缺乏经验
[55:58] He’s very green. 他才初出茅庐
[56:02] And you told him “no”? 那你跟他说不了吗
[56:06] I told him I would help with the, uh… 我告诉他我会帮忙
[56:11] with the search. 寻找副总统
[56:27] What are you thinking? 你在想什么
[56:31] -I can tell you’re thinking. -Mm-hmm. -我知道你在想东西 -嗯
[56:40] What was Dick Cheney thinking… 迪克·切尼在想什么呢
[56:43] I’m thinking I’ve never seen anything like this. 我在想我从没见过这样的情况
[56:46] …after his first meeting with George W.? 在他和乔治的第一次会面之后
[56:49] We’ve had a lot of successes, Dick. 我们已经取得了很多成功 迪克
[56:55] And the vice president is a nothing job. 副总统只是一个无足轻重的工作
[56:58] How many steps ahead was he looking? 他向前看了多少步呢
[57:02] How did he feel about the opportunity 他对在他眼前的这个机会
[57:05] that was in front of him? 作何感想
[57:08] There are certain moments 有些时光
[57:11] so delicate… 如此脆弱
[57:14] like a teacup and saucer… 就像一个茶杯和茶碟
[57:20] …stacked on a teacup and saucer 堆叠在一个茶杯和茶碟之上
[57:24] on a teacup and saucer… 另一个茶杯和茶碟继续堆叠
[57:27] Can you change, or am I wasting… 你能改变吗 还是说我在白费心思
[57:31] …and on and on… 不断地堆叠
[57:39] that this moment could fall in any direction… 这一刻可能会朝任何方向坠落
[57:43] and change everything. 从而改变一切
[57:48] Sadly, there’s no real way 可悲的是 没有任何办法
[57:50] to know exactly what was going on 知道在在这个历史变迁的时刻
[57:52] inside the Cheneys… 切尼的家里
[57:54] …at this history-changing moment. 到底发生了什么事情
[57:56] We can’t just snap into a Shakespearean soliloquy 我们不能突然陷入莎士比亚式的独白
[58:00] that dramatizes every feeling and motivation. 这使每一种感觉和动机都变得戏剧化
[58:04] That’s just not the way the world works. 这不是世界运作的方式
[58:13] My sweet Richard. 我亲爱的理查德
[58:15] Dance’d nimbly round the king’s hearth thou hath. 你在国王的壁炉边跳舞 跳得很快
[58:18] Even whilst clamored I for more, more! 即使我大声喊着要更多 更多
[58:22] -Mm. -Parched maw craned towards -嗯 -干裂的嘴唇碰向水滴
[58:24] the drip, drip of imagined waters. 想象中的水滴
[58:28] But I say to you now, rest, retire. 但我现在要对你说 休息吧 退休吧
[58:32] Thou hast honored thy vows to wife and crown. 你已经履行了你对妻子和王冠的誓言
[58:38] Has blindness usurped vision in you, my wife? 盲目遮挡了你的视野吗 我的妻子
[58:44] No mere treaty is our union. 我们的联盟不仅仅是条约
[58:48] Thou shared thy torch’s flame with mine. 你与我分享你的火炬之火
[58:50] Revealing halls and spires… 向我展示那些早已消亡的帝国
[58:54] …of long faded empires. 的大厅和尖塔
[58:56] And now, I may hold aloft 现在 我可以高举
[59:00] mine own fiery cresset. 我自己的火炬
[59:05] And make flesh our bond of power. 使肉身成为我们的力量纽带
[59:09] Dare I? 我敢吗
[59:12] Dare I let hope’s beak place gathered bramble 我敢让承载希望的鸟儿们收集荆棘树枝
[59:14] upon my heart for future’s nest? 置于我的心上建筑未来的巢吗
[59:17] Many winters past hath I let this hope die, 多少冬天已过 我已经让希望消逝
[59:21] cruel winds silencing tiny birds’ needy cries. 冷风平息了鸟儿们求助的哭声
[59:25] Now that it hath arrived, I say yea. 既然如今希望来了 我说是的
[59:27] Yea. 赞成
[59:30] Mine own blood and will are yours 我的血和意志是你的
[59:34] ’til pierced be 直到被刺穿的是
[59:36] the last soldier’s breastplate, 最后一个士兵的胸甲
[59:38] spilling forth its ruby jelly treasures. 随之溢出深红色胶质般的珍宝
[59:51] So? 所以呢
[59:53] So I think we, uh, proceed. 所以我想我们 呃 继续
[59:58] What about Mary? 玛丽呢
[59:59] Mmm. It’s VP. 嗯 这是副总统
[1:00:03] Not the same scrutiny. 审查机制不相同
[1:00:06] No. He has allies, Dick. Connections. 不 他有盟友 迪克 他的关系网络
[1:00:10] You’re new to his world. You don’t know the landscape. 你对他的世界不熟悉 你不知道实际情况
[1:00:18] Well, I had better conduct a very thorough search. 那我最好进行一次彻底的搜查
[1:00:24] Every stone, hell, every grain of sand 每一块石头 每一粒沙子
[1:00:28] needs to be looked under for this questionnaire. 都需要在这份问卷中认真地审阅
[1:00:30] Dick, we’re asking for all financials, 迪克 我们需要所有的财务报告
[1:00:33] all medical, all interviews, 所有的医疗记录 所有的面谈资料
[1:00:35] press, writings, all legal records… 新闻 著述 所有的法律记录
[1:00:37] Sometimes people use LLCs to hide certain monies. 有时人们用有限责任公司来隐瞒某些钱
[1:00:40] And? 还有呢
[1:00:41] Any more comprehensive 如果要再全面一点的话
[1:00:42] and we would need a rubber glove. 我们需要一只橡胶手套
[1:00:44] Sorry, Liz. 对不起 莉兹
[1:00:45] That wasn’t offensive. 那不属于冒犯
[1:00:46] Should I be offended? 我应该觉得被冒犯吗
[1:00:47] Well, I’m offended. 好吧 我被冒犯了
[1:00:49] Dave didn’t worry if I’d be offended. 戴维不担心我是否会被冒犯
[1:00:50] Oh, a rubber glove, like a proctology exam. 哦 一只橡胶手套 像是直肠检查
[1:00:53] That’s, that’s disgusting. 太恶心了
[1:00:55] Hello? Oh, hello… 你好 哦 你好
[1:00:59] Dad, I’m taking the cheese off your pizza. 爸爸 我要拿走你披萨上的奶酪
[1:01:01] -Honey? -CHENEY: Mmm? -亲爱的 -谁
[1:01:04] Dave. 戴维
[1:01:05] David. Thoughts? 戴维 有什么想法吗
[1:01:06] One. A big one. 有一个 而且是很有用的
[1:01:10] David Addington, Dick’s main legal advisor 戴维·阿丁顿 迪克的主要法律顾问
[1:01:13] and a huge believer in the unitary executive theory. 是统一执行理论的坚定信仰者
[1:01:17] He was known for telling people to their face 他以当面告诉别人
[1:01:19] that they’re stupid. 他们很蠢而闻名
[1:01:21] So the, uh, vice presidency is part of the executive branch. 首先副总统是行政部门的一部分
[1:01:24] And because the VP casts 而且因为副总统享有
[1:01:26] tie-breaking votes in the Senate, 打破参议院的平局的投票权
[1:01:28] also part of the legislative branch, right? 所以他也是立法部门的一部分 对吧
[1:01:31] Right. 正确的
[1:01:32] That means… 那意味着
[1:01:34] the VP is also 副总统不属于
[1:01:35] not part of the executive or the legislative. 行政或立法机关的一部分
[1:01:40] So, 所以
[1:01:41] one could argue that, uh… 有人可能会说
[1:01:44] neither branch 这两个部门都没有权力
[1:01:46] has oversight of the VP. 监督副总统
[1:01:49] Not only could one argue that, I’m arguing it. 不仅有人会证明这一点 我也在努力证明
[1:01:53] That’s brilliant, David. 太棒了 David
[1:01:55] I know. Right? 我明白 对吗
[1:01:57] Karl Rove wanted me to buy this ranch, Karl Rove想让我买下这个农场
[1:02:01] distance myself from my years at Yale and Harvard, 远离我在耶鲁和哈佛的岁月
[1:02:04] make me more of a man of the people for the election. 让我在选举中更像一个普通人
[1:02:06] Mmm. Smart. 嗯 很明智
[1:02:12] So we gonna do this thing or what? I mean, is this happening? 所以我们要这样做吗 我是说这是真的吗
[1:02:15] We, uh, have found some very interesting candidates. 我们找到了一些非常有趣的候选人
[1:02:21] Um, if we could schedule 如果我们能安排出
[1:02:23] a three-hour window to get through… 三小时的时间去选出合适人选
[1:02:26] I meant you. I want you to be my VP. 我是指你 我要你做我的副总裁
[1:02:30] -You’re the solution to my problems. -No. -你是解决我问题的最佳人选 -不
[1:02:32] I’m CEO of a large company. 我是一家大公司的首席执行官
[1:02:35] I have been, uh, Secretary of Defense. 我曾担任过国防部长
[1:02:40] I have been Chief of Staff. 我担任过参谋长
[1:02:42] Uh, the vice presidency is mostly a symbolic job. 而副总统主要是个象征性的工作
[1:02:47] Right, right. 对 对
[1:02:49] I can see how that wouldn’t be, uh… 我知道这对你来说不会
[1:02:52] enticing to you. 有什么诱惑
[1:02:54] However… 然而
[1:02:58] the vice presidency is also defined by the president. 副总统也是由总统去定义的
[1:03:04] And if we were to come to a, uh… 如果我们能够有
[1:03:07] …different understanding… 不同的理解
[1:03:10] Uh-huh. Go on. 嗯 继续
[1:03:13] I’m listenin’. 我听着
[1:03:16] I sense that, uh, you’re a kinetic leader. 我觉得 你是一个有活力的领导者
[1:03:21] You make decisions based on instinct. 你根据直觉做出决定
[1:03:24] I am. People always said that. 我是这样的 人们总是这么说
[1:03:26] Yeah, yeah. Very different. 是的 是的 非常不同
[1:03:28] Very different from, uh, 非常不同于
[1:03:30] from your father in that regard. 你的父亲在这方面的表现
[1:03:34] Now, maybe I can, uh, 现在 也许我可以
[1:03:36] handle some of the more mundane jobs. 处理一些比较单调的工作
[1:03:39] Overseeing bureaucracy, 例如监督官僚主义
[1:03:42] managing military, 管理军队
[1:03:44] uh, energy, uh, foreign policy. 能源 外交政策
[1:03:53] That sounds good. 听起来不错
[1:03:58] Never wanna be the kind of team owner 永远不想成为那种
[1:04:00] that, uh, pulls the starter in the fourth inning. 在第四局拉起首发的团队负责人
[1:04:04] -Mm-hmm. -That’s the manager’s job. -嗯 -那是经理的工作
[1:04:09] One more thing. 还有一件事
[1:04:12] My daughter, Mary. 我女儿 Mary
[1:04:15] Right. Rove told me she likes girls. 是的 Rove告诉我她喜欢女孩
[1:04:18] Now, I know you have to, uh, run against, uh, 现在 我知道你必须反对
[1:04:22] gay marriage in the South, Midwest, and, uh… 在南部和中西部的同性恋婚姻
[1:04:27] But it’s my daughter, 但这是我女儿
[1:04:29] and that line is drawn in concrete. 这种界线就像是用混凝土画的一样
[1:04:32] Don’t you say another word. 别再说了
[1:04:35] So long as you don’t mind us pushing that messaging, 只要你不介意我们推广这些信息
[1:04:37] we’re okay with you sittin’ that one out. 你对此置身事外我们没有意见
[1:04:39] I think it’s important for all the… 我认为这对世界上所有的
[1:04:41] all the Marys in the world, you know? 所有像Mray一样的人都很重要 你明白吗
[1:04:45] No problemo. We got a deal? 没问题 我们达成协议了吗
[1:04:48] Then I believe this could work. 我相信这是可行的
[1:04:51] Hot damn! 太好了
[1:04:53] Yeah. Well, good. Hey… 是啊 很好 嘿
[1:04:57] Secretary Cheney visited me and Laura Cheney秘书探望了我和Laura
[1:04:59] at our ranch in Crawford, Texas… 到我们在Texas的Crawford的农场
[1:05:01] -Cheers. -Cheers. -干杯 -干杯
[1:05:04] I realized the best choice was standing by my side. 我意识到最好的选择就站在我身边
[1:05:09] Please welcome my friend 请欢迎我的朋友
[1:05:11] and my running mate Dick Cheney… 我的竞选伙伴Dick Cheney
[1:05:19] …and his lovely wife Lynne. 还有他美丽的妻子Lynne
[1:05:21] Dick never filled out Dick从未填写过
[1:05:23] his own 83-question questionnaire. 他自己的83道题的问卷
[1:05:25] Full medical records were never handed over. 所有的病历从未移交
[1:05:28] No tax or corporate filings. Nothing. 无税务或公司备案 没有什么
[1:05:32] Cheney Cheney Cheney Cheney! Cheney! Cheney!
[1:05:35] Cheney Cheney Cheney! Cheney!
[1:05:37] To reach more of his senior aides 再多联系一些他的高级助理
[1:05:38] to find out reasons. 去找出原因
[1:05:40] But we were told when he came over, 但他来的时候我们已经被告知
[1:05:41] he had already called Governor Bush, 他已经给Bush州长打过电话了
[1:05:43] he had wished him well, and that 他祝他一切顺利 而且
[1:05:44] he would deliver a brief concession speech here tonight. 他今晚将在这里发表一个简短的败选声明
[1:05:45] I don’t know. 我不知道
[1:05:47] I think we’re all sitting around 我想我们都围坐着
[1:05:48] wondering what it is that, uh, 不知道怎么了
[1:05:50] -he may be doing backstage. -They just keep going on and on. -他或许在后台 – 他们只是不断地前进
[1:05:52] Gore rescinded his concession. 戈尔撤回了他的败选声明
[1:05:57] They’re claiming Florida is too close to call. 他们声称Florida难分胜负
[1:06:02] He can’t fucking rescind his concession. 他他妈的不能撤回败选声明
[1:06:05] He just did. 他已经做了
[1:06:07] The Russians are loving this. 俄国人会喜欢这个
[1:06:08] There’s gonna be a recount, so… 会重新记票 所以
[1:06:11] I don’t know. 我不知道
[1:06:12] What should we do? 我们该怎么办
[1:06:14] We play it like we’ve already won. 我们需要表现的像已经赢了一样
[1:06:18] Which means we need to staff the White House. 这意味着我们需要向安排人员入驻白宫
[1:06:23] All right. Who’s leading the transition team? 好的 谁将领导临时过渡小组
[1:06:26] I’ll do it. 我来做
[1:06:29] That’s not something a vice president really does, is it? 这不是副总统做的事情 对吧
[1:06:33] Vice President Gore has called Governor Bush 副总统Gore已经给Bush州长打电话了
[1:06:36] and retracted his concession, 收回了他的败选声明
[1:06:39] because he is now… 因为他现在
[1:06:41] What? -…of the mind that things could be turning yet again in Florida. 什么 – 认为弗罗里达州的事情会再有转机
[1:06:45] You can’t do that! 你不能那样做
[1:06:46] I mean, that’s laughable. 我是说 那太可笑了
[1:06:50] Uh, Wolfowitz. 沃尔福威茨
[1:06:53] -State… -Mmm. – 国会 – 嗯
[1:06:55] …or Pentagon? 还是五角大厦
[1:06:56] Depends on who your Secretary of Defense is. 取决于你的国防部长是谁
[1:06:59] Rummy. -Hundred percent. Rummy – 百分之百
[1:07:00] -Mm-hmm. -Rumsfeld? -嗯 – 拉姆斯菲尔德
[1:07:02] Uh, doesn’t Bush Senior hate Rummy? 呃 老布什不是恨Rummy吗
[1:07:04] Not such a bad thing with W. 对W来说并没那么糟糕
[1:07:05] He wants to be his own man. 他想要的是自己人
[1:07:08] Rumsfeld believes in a robust executive. 拉姆斯菲尔德支持强权
[1:07:10] That’s good for us on war powers. 这对我们的战争实力有好处
[1:07:12] Just keep him out of State, he’ll start World War III. 别让他进入状态 他会发动第三次世界大战的
[1:07:14] Look. 看
[1:07:16] Halliburton just gave us a $26 million exit package. 哈里伯顿刚刚给了我们2600万美元的撤离礼包
[1:07:21] Twice what we expected. 是我们预期的两倍
[1:07:23] They’re no dummies. 他们不是傻瓜
[1:07:27] Uh, sorry, gang. 呃 对不起 伙计
[1:07:32] Think, uh, perhaps I should go to the hospital. 我想 也许 我该去医院
[1:07:37] Oh, my God. Are you kidding me? Oh, come on. 噢 老天 你在开玩笑吧 哦 快来
[1:07:43] All persons having business with the Honorable, the Supreme Court of the United States 所有与美国最高法院相关人员
[1:07:47] are admonished to draw near and give their attention, 请注意
[1:07:50] for the Court is now sitting. 法庭现在开庭
[1:07:52] God bless the United States and… 上帝保佑美国
[1:07:54] December 12th, 2000. Antonin Scalia, remember him, 2000年12月12日 斯卡利亚·安东尼 记住他
[1:07:59] and the Supreme Court stopped the state of Florida 以及最高法院阻止了佛罗里达州
[1:08:01] from completing their recount. 重新计票的提案
[1:08:03] God save the United States 上帝拯救美国
[1:08:05] George W. Bush and Dick Cheney 乔治·沃克·布什 和 迪克·切尼
[1:08:07] were going to the White House by a margin of 537 votes. 以537票的优势进入白宫
[1:08:57] Hey. Hey, little Mary Claire. 玛丽·克莱尔
[1:09:00] Hey, little Mary. My little Mary. 小玛丽 我的小玛丽
[1:09:03] Hey, what are you doing? What are you doing? Hmm? 嘿 你在做什么 你在做什么呢
[1:09:11] Oh, they’re both doing really well. 哦 他们都很好
[1:09:13] Except, I’m trying to make this dinner. 除了 我正在试着做晚餐
[1:09:15] And it’s, uh… 是
[1:09:17] it’s this macaroni and cheese 是通心粉和奶酪
[1:09:19] that you said was easy 你说很简单的
[1:09:21] but it keeps just coming out like a little watery. 但它总是像水一样流出来
[1:09:25] It’s the milk. Remember? 是牛奶 记得吗
[1:09:26] You gotta add more milk. 你需要再加些牛奶
[1:09:28] Yeah. It’ll get thicker. 嗯 它就会变稠的
[1:09:31] No, no, no, no. 不 不 不 不
[1:09:33] I am. It’s much better when you use the milk. 我是 你用牛奶更好
[1:09:35] There’s just so much, so much I want to say right now, 我有太多太多话想现在和你说
[1:09:38] and just, you keep doing what you’re doing. 但 你总是忙你的事情
[1:09:40] You’re doing so great. 你做得很棒
[1:09:45] You have earned something very special from your wife. 你对你妻子来说非常特别
[1:09:48] Listen, listen, listen. 听着 听着 听着
[1:09:51] I’m buying wine, and I’m picking something up. 我买了红酒 我还学了一些
[1:09:54] Chinese? 中文
[1:09:57] Okay, I really love you. 好的 我爱你
[1:10:01] I love you. 我爱你
[1:10:13] Good morning to you too. 早上好
[1:10:15] We’ve met a few times. 我们见过几次
[1:10:16] -It’s nice to see you. -Yes. – 很高兴见到你 – 是的
[1:10:17] Of course. 当然
[1:10:18] All right. Let’s… 好的 让我们
[1:10:19] All right. Let’s get this thing underway. 好的 我们开始吧
[1:10:21] Scooter, why don’t you let everyone know 斯科特 你为什么不让大家都知道
[1:10:23] the, um, lay of the land? 现在的情况呢
[1:10:25] Of course. As you all know, 当然 如你所知
[1:10:26] I am Scooter Libby, 我是斯科特·利比
[1:10:28] Dick’s Chief of Staff. 迪克的参谋长
[1:10:30] Uh, I’m also his national security advisor 我也是他的国家安全顾问
[1:10:33] and a special advisor to the president. 以及总统的特别顾问
[1:10:35] Technically, Scooter outranks any of Bush’s people. 严格意义讲 斯科特比布什的人都好
[1:10:39] Mary Matalin will serve as counselor to the VP 玛丽·玛特琳将担任副总统的顾问
[1:10:42] and assistant to Bush. 以及布什的助手
[1:10:44] David Addington, 戴维·阿丁顿
[1:10:46] Dick’s main legal counsel, 迪克的主要法律顾问
[1:10:47] will play center field on all matters relating to executive power. 将在行政权有关所有问题上发挥核心作用
[1:10:52] The president has Alberto Gonzales, 总统的团队有Alberto Gonzales
[1:10:56] Karl Rove, Karen Hughes as his team. 卡尔漫游凯伦休斯
[1:11:00] Quite frankly, Gonzales has no clue. 坦白说 冈萨雷斯根本不知道
[1:11:03] Um… Rove is a hack. Rove是个黑客
[1:11:06] Hughes should be in double-A ball. 休斯应该在双A球
[1:11:09] So we will have fairly unobstructed access 所以我们可以畅通无阻地进入
[1:11:12] to the Oval Office. 去美国总统办公室
[1:11:15] We will be automatically 我们都会自动的
[1:11:17] Bcc’d on all e-mails that the president receives or sends, 被秘密抄送所有总统接收或发送电子邮件
[1:11:21] as well as have access to his schedule the second that it is set or changed. 及第一时间收到它新创立及更新的行程
[1:11:27] And we will also be receiving the daily intelligence briefing before the president. 我们也会比总统先收到每日情报简报
[1:11:32] That gets us inside the decision curve. 这能让我们参与决策
[1:11:34] Which we’ll actually be reading. 我们实际读到的东西
[1:11:37] Bush approved all of this? 布什批准了所有这些
[1:11:39] Mmm, we have, uh, 我们
[1:11:42] an understanding. 这么理解
[1:11:43] What about the e-mails? 那邮件呢
[1:11:44] Paper shredders don’t work for e-mails. 碎纸机不能处理电子邮件
[1:11:46] The entire administration will run off 整个行政部门都不会知道
[1:11:48] the RNC’s private server. 皇家海军学院的专用服务器
[1:11:50] And we’ve deactivated automatic archiving. 我们已经停用了自动存档
[1:11:53] We’re clean. 我们不会有问题
[1:11:55] Okay. 好的
[1:11:56] So over at the Pentagon, we got Don, 所以在五角大楼 我们有Don
[1:11:59] Paul Wolfowitz, 保罗·沃尔福威茨
[1:12:01] who worked with Team B in the Ford days, 谁再福特时代和B队一起工作
[1:12:03] Deputy Secretary of Defense. 国防部副部长
[1:12:05] Let’s check, 让我们检查一下
[1:12:06] see what plans they had to invade Iraq. 看他们采取什么计划去进攻伊拉克
[1:12:10] It’s already in the works. 已经在做了
[1:12:12] Got Ashcroft over at the DOJ. 去司法部找到Ashcroft
[1:12:15] State seems to be the only tricky department. 国务院似乎是唯一棘手的部门
[1:12:17] That’s Colin Powell, his guy Lawrence Wilkerson. 那是科林·鲍威尔和劳伦斯·威尔克森.
[1:12:21] Colin Powell, who never met a camera he didn’t like. 科林·鲍威尔他喜欢镜头
[1:12:23] Wilkerson’s a true believer. 威尔克森的信奉者
[1:12:24] We’ve got Bolton over there. 我们需要博尔顿
[1:12:26] He’s a loose cannon, but he’s loyal. 他不好管 不过他很忠诚
[1:12:27] Mmm. I wanna get Liz in there as well. 我还想要Liz
[1:12:30] Let’s make sure that happens. 要确保一切
[1:12:31] -Okay, Dad. -Consider it done. -好的 爸爸 – 我会完成使命的
[1:12:33] And this list of, uh, our people 这是我们的人员名单
[1:12:37] does not include about 800 others, 不包括其它的800多人
[1:12:39] uh, lobbyists, industry insiders 呃 说客 业内人士
[1:12:42] that we placed in the regulatory jobs. 我们放在监管方面的人
[1:12:45] What about Bush’s friends? 布什的朋友怎么办
[1:12:46] Ridge? Pataki? Thompson? 岭柏·德基·汤普森
[1:12:48] I haven’t heard their names. 我没听到他们的名字
[1:12:49] They were not, um, offered jobs in this administration,uh, at this time. 他们不在这次在管理层里
[1:12:55] Not offered jobs at this time? 这次没有委派吗
[1:12:57] Are you even more ruthless than you used to be there, Dick? 比以前更冷酷无情了吗 Dick
[1:13:00] Or are you just not getting laid? 还是你只是欲求不满
[1:13:07] All right, moving on. 好吧 继续
[1:13:08] Um, got Paul O’Neill. 找到保罗·奥尼尔
[1:13:15] You haven’t been here in over twenty years. 你已经20多年没来了
[1:13:18] Times have changed. 时代已经不同了
[1:13:19] The, uh, softer touch, 很不错
[1:13:21] that’s the norm now. 这是现在的常态
[1:13:23] We have the conservative TV and radio 我们电视和广播都很保守
[1:13:27] -doing the yelling for us. -Mm-hmm. – 为我们呐喊 – 嗯
[1:13:30] Is your old friend embarrassing you? 你的老朋友让你难堪吗
[1:13:31] Is that it, Dick? 有吗 迪克
[1:13:36] Soft touch. That’s all. 还不错 就这样
[1:13:39] All right, I have to go to my office at the House of Representatives. 好吧 我得去我众议院的办公室了
[1:13:41] You mean the Senate? 你是说参议院
[1:13:43] Vice president, tiebreaker in the Senate. 副总统 决胜参议院
[1:13:46] Nope, I mean the House. 不 我指白宫
[1:13:49] Dick Cheney had used an old connection 迪克·切尼利用旧交
[1:13:51] with former wrestling coach 向前摔跤教练
[1:13:53] and Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert 众议院议长丹尼斯·哈斯特
[1:13:55] to get an office at the House of Representatives. 在众议院设立一个办公室
[1:13:57] The House is where revenue bills originate, 白宫是一切信息的来源
[1:14:00] and he wanted to be near the money faucet. 他想靠近源头
[1:14:02] Hey, Dick. Will this work for you? 嘿 迪克 这对你有用吗
[1:14:06] Two more offices in the Senate. 参议院还有两个办公室
[1:14:09] Hey, Dick, I found this extra office. 嘿 迪克 我找到了这个额外的办公室
[1:14:12] I hope it works for you. 我希望它对你有用
[1:14:13] And one in the Pentagon. 一个在五角大楼
[1:14:15] Welcome to your new home away from home. 欢迎来到家外家
[1:14:18] I got you a little housewarming gift. 我给你一个小小的乔迁礼物
[1:14:21] And later, when Cheney needed intelligence to invade Iraq, 随后 当切尼需要入侵伊拉克的情报
[1:14:25] a conference room at the CIA. 一个中央情报局的会议室
[1:14:27] This room is soundproof and secure. 这个房间隔音而且安全
[1:14:31] Cheney was everywhere. 切尼无所不在
[1:14:33] But the most powerful place in all of D.C. 但整个华盛顿最富权力的地方是
[1:14:35] was a nondescript conference room 在一个难以形容的会议室
[1:14:38] at a relatively new think tank 它有很新的智囊团
[1:14:40] called Americans for Tax Reform. 呼吁美国人进行税收改革
[1:14:42] Grover Norquist ran the anti-tax group 格罗弗·诺奎斯特负责反税收组织
[1:14:45] with huge funding from the Koch brothers network, 有了科赫兄弟网络的巨额资金
[1:14:48] big oil, and big tobacco. 石油以及烟草
[1:14:52] His “Wednesday meeting,” 星期三会议
[1:14:53] as it was called, 正如它的名字
[1:14:54] had become the center of the Republican world. 它已经成为共和党世界的中心
[1:14:59] Let’s go ahead and start with the estate tax. 我们从不动产税开始吧
[1:15:04] Now, this has been hard to eliminate, 现在已经很难消除
[1:15:06] because the tax only affects those estates worth over two million. 因为税收只影响价值超过200万的房产
[1:15:11] But we’ve made strides, 但我们已经取得了进展
[1:15:14] and marketing guru Frank Luntz is here to help. 营销大师Frank Luntz也来帮忙
[1:15:23] Hello, all. 大家好
[1:15:25] Getting regular people to support cutting taxes on the very wealthy 让普通人支持对非常富有的人减税
[1:15:30] has always been extremely hard. 一直都是非常困难的
[1:15:32] We’ve had some success in the past, 我们过去取得了一些成功
[1:15:35] but the estate tax has always been very difficult. 但不动产税一直很难征收
[1:15:38] However… 然而
[1:15:41] I think we may have had a breakthrough. 我想我们可能有了一个突破
[1:15:44] Now, the estate tax kicks in 现在 不动产税开始了
[1:15:47] on anyone inheriting over two million dollars. 任何继承了两百万美元的人
[1:15:51] How many of you have a problem with that? 你们中有多少人对有这样问题
[1:15:55] Okay. How many of you would have 可以 你们中有多少人
[1:15:56] How many of you have a problem with something called 你们当中对遗产税有疑问的
[1:15:58] a death tax? 又有多少人
[1:16:05] Instead of global warming, 不再提全球变暖这个名字
[1:16:08] which we all agree sounds very scary… 我们都承认这名字听起来很可怕
[1:16:13] we call it 所以我们叫它
[1:16:15] climate change. 气候变化
[1:16:16] Folks, the government 各位 政府
[1:16:17] is taking your money after you die. 在你死去后拿走你的钱财
[1:16:20] Now, we all know the Democrats 现在 我们都熟知民主党人
[1:16:21] despise tax cuts, especially for the rich. 鄙视减税 尤其是对富人的减税
[1:16:22] I want somebody to get rid 我想要有人能废除掉
[1:16:24] of the death tax, that’s what I want. 遗产税 那就是我们想要的
[1:16:26] I don’t want to get taxed just ’cause I die. 我不想因为死去而被征税
[1:16:27] I mean, give me a break! 我是说 给我一个安眠好吧
[1:16:29] If I give something to my kid, I already paid the tax. 如果我要送我的孩子东西 我已经付过税了
[1:16:31] Why I gotta pay again ’cause I died? 为什么我死了要再付一道税
[1:16:32] It’s like being chastised! I hate it. 就像被惩罚一样 我讨厌它
[1:16:33] The death tax has to go. 遗产税必须取消
[1:16:35] The elite liberals in Washington would tax us 华盛顿的自由主义精英们会向我们征税
[1:16:38] for laughing or crying if they could. 如果可以 他们甚至会征笑税和哭税
[1:16:40] So, with one of the biggest media 所以 和最大的媒体之一
[1:16:42] and political machines ever created behind him, 以及他背后的政治组织
[1:16:46] Cheney was able to squash action on global warming, 切尼能胜任应对全球变暖的政策
[1:16:50] cut taxes for the super rich, 为富豪们减税
[1:16:52] and gut regulations for massive corporations. 然后加强大型企业的监管
[1:16:55] And then there was Cheney’s 然后这是切尼的
[1:16:57] National Energy Policy Development Group. 国家能源政策发展小组
[1:17:00] His first major test to expand executive power. 他第一次扩大行政权力的考验
[1:17:04] I don’t understand what the goddamn problem is. 我看不出他妈的问题出在哪里
[1:17:06] I want to hear what the energy CEOs need, 我想听听能源部总裁的声音
[1:17:07] and I’m not allowed to? 却不被允许
[1:17:09] It’s called FACA. -The hell is FACA? 他们把这个叫做FACA – 什么叫FACA
[1:17:11] It’s the Federal Advisory Committees Act. 联邦咨询委员会法案
[1:17:13] Congress got their panties in a bunch that, you know, 国会总是喜欢捞取好处 你知道的
[1:17:15] elected officials would just let CEOs roll in 当选官员只会让CEO们加入
[1:17:18] and, you know, write the laws. 你知道 编写法律
[1:17:22] The act demands that, uh, 法案要求 呃
[1:17:24] appropriate government employees be present. 有适合的政府官员出席
[1:17:28] Hold on a second. 等一下
[1:17:31] What’s your name? 你叫什么名字
[1:17:33] Doug. 道格
[1:17:35] Doug, how long have you been working reception 道格 你在能源部接待处工作多久了
[1:17:38] at the Department of Energy? 在能源部吗
[1:17:40] Three months. 三个月了
[1:17:42] Perfect. 很好
[1:17:47] So what am I supposed to do here? 那么我在这里应该做什么呢
[1:17:49] Just sit there and be quiet. 只需要坐在那里然后闭上嘴
[1:17:52] Got it. 懂了
[1:17:57] – Gentlemen. -Hello. -先生们 -你们好
[1:18:00] Hello… 你好啊
[1:18:04] How’s your business at… 你们那边生意怎么样
[1:18:06] We’re good. Our stock… 一切顺利 我们的股票
[1:18:09] And California has been really… 加利福利亚州十分
[1:18:12] Great to hear. 很高兴听到
[1:18:15] Oh. He’s with the energy department. 哦 他是能源部的人
[1:18:22] The details of Cheney’s meetings 在切尼的会议上
[1:18:24] with the energy CEOs were never disclosed. 和CEO们的会面细节从来没有被泄露
[1:18:27] But a Freedom of Information request 不过由于对信息调查的自由
[1:18:30] did provide some documents, 也提供了一些文件
[1:18:32] including a map of Iraq’s oil fields 包括伊拉克油田的地图
[1:18:34] with all of the oil companies 所有的石油公司
[1:18:36] that would be interested in acquiring them 都会想要购买它们
[1:18:38] if somehow they were ever to become available. 如果以某种方式让他们变得可交易
[1:18:45] And then, it happened. 然后 事情就发生了
[1:18:49] Would you like to lower your monthly mortgage payments 您想降低每月的抵押贷款金额吗?
[1:18:52] or use the equity in your home to consolidate 或使用您家中的资产来偿还
[1:18:54] your credit card or other debts? 你的信用卡或者其他债务呢
[1:18:55] Just log… 只要注册
[1:18:57] Yeah. This just in. 是啊 这正好
[1:18:58] You are looking at obviously 很明显你在看
[1:19:00] a very disturbing live shot there. 一个非常令人不安的现场拍摄
[1:19:01] That is the World Trade Center, 那是世界贸易中心
[1:19:03] and we have unconfirmed reports this morning 今天早上我们有未经证实的报道
[1:19:06] that a plane has crashed into one of the towers. 一架飞机撞上了其中一座塔
[1:19:10] It… it does not appear 它 它目前
[1:19:11] that there’s any kind of an effort up there yet. 上面的情形现在还没有任何好转
[1:19:14] Now, remember… Oh, my God. 现在 记住 哦 我的上帝
[1:19:15] Oh, God! -Dear God. 哦 天哪 -我的上帝
[1:19:17] That looks like a second plane. 那个看起来像第二架飞机
[1:19:18] Mr. Vice President, we have information 副总裁先生 我们有消息
[1:19:20] that a plane’s headed to the White House this moment. 一架飞机马上正在飞向白宫
[1:19:22] We have less than a minute to get to the secure underground bunker. 我们只有不到一分钟的时间去安全的地下掩体
[1:19:24] Let’s go! Move! 快走 快走啊
[1:19:27] Move! 快走
[1:19:28] Move! It’s clear! 快走 这里没人了
[1:19:29] Sir, this way. Right now. 先生 这边 来了
[1:19:31] Capitol is being evacuated, we’re told, 收到消息称 国会大厦正在疏散
[1:19:33] and clearly that shot that we have on our screen now, 很明显我们现在在屏幕的那个镜头上
[1:19:35] this is the Pentagon 这是五角大楼
[1:19:37] just across the river from Washington, D.C. 就在华盛顿河对岸
[1:19:40] You got to believe… 你不得不相信
[1:19:41] I need you to take me to Dick. 我要你带我去见迪克
[1:19:42] Mrs. Cheney, we cannot go back to the White House, 切尼夫人 我们不能再回白宫
[1:19:45] I am being told no one… 他们通知我所有人不许去白宫
[1:19:46] Either you take me to the White House… 要么你带我去白宫
[1:19:57] Author is on the move. Coming out. 奥氏正在移动 出来了
[1:20:01] …the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center. 世贸中心的双子塔
[1:20:04] Have you gotten the Prime Minister yet? 你联系上首相了吗
[1:20:06] …headed directly into the World Trade Center. 直接撞进世界贸易中心
[1:20:08] It just flew into it. 它飞进去了
[1:20:10] Canada’s Prime Minister is on the phone. 加拿大总理正在接打电话
[1:20:12] That’s right, we got planes in the air 是的 我们天上有几架飞机
[1:20:13] and nowhere for them to land. 并且没有地方给他们降落
[1:20:15] Permission for them to land at Canadian airports, 允许他们在加拿大机场降落
[1:20:18] international flights into Newfoundland. 是飞往纽芬兰的国际航班
[1:20:19] I still have one plane unaccounted for 我还有一架飞机下落不明
[1:20:21] flying over Pennsylvania. 飞越宾夕法尼亚州
[1:20:22] Sir, Donald Rumsfeld 先生 唐纳德·拉姆斯菲尔德
[1:20:23] is at the Pentagon on line three. 在五角大楼三号线
[1:20:24] Mm-hmm. 嗯 嗯哼
[1:20:26] Yes, sir. 好的 先生
[1:20:28] You have authorization 你有权
[1:20:30] to shoot down any aircraft 击落任何一架
[1:20:33] deemed a threat. 被视为威胁的飞机
[1:20:35] Presidential authority? 总统授权吗
[1:20:36] That is correct. 是的
[1:20:37] All orders are UNODIR. 所有命令 UNODIR
[1:20:39] “Unodir”, sir? 除非另有指示 长官确定吗
[1:20:40] Unless otherwise directed. 除非另有指示
[1:20:42] Mr. Vice President, are we sure these are 副总统先生 您确定这
[1:20:44] the proper rules of engagement? 符合宪法规定吗
[1:20:46] The country’s under attack, the ROE is fluid. 国家正受到攻击 净资产收益率正在流动
[1:20:48] Yes, sir. 是的 先生
[1:20:51] Now, we don’t know exactly 现在 我们不清楚
[1:20:52] what the people in that room were thinking. 房间里的人们在想什么
[1:20:55] But it’s safe to assume 但可以假设
[1:20:57] that at least one person wondered why 至少有一个人想知道为什么
[1:21:00] in the midst of the most fateful day in American history 在美国历史上最致命的一天之中
[1:21:04] was Dick Cheney talking to his lawyer. 是迪克·切尼在和他的律师谈话
[1:21:07] And, um, what, um… 还有 嗯 什么 嗯
[1:21:09] -Mr. Vice President? -…authority will he need? -副总裁先生 -他需要总统权利吗
[1:21:11] So, start working on… 所以 开始研究
[1:21:13] Mr. Vice President? 副总统先生
[1:21:15] The congressional members you sent 你派来的要去
[1:21:17] to Mount Weather Emergency Operations Center 气象山应急行动中心的国会议员
[1:21:18] -wanna leave. -Nope. – 想离开 – 不行
[1:21:21] Excuse me? 你说什么
[1:21:22] They’re not going anywhere. 他们哪儿也不能去
[1:21:24] Just, uh, tell them, um, we have all the helicopters. 嗯 告诉他们 嗯 我们占用了所有的直升机
[1:21:29] Yes, sir. 是的 先生
[1:21:32] I’m sorry, that is a negative. 很抱歉 请求拒绝
[1:21:33] They are to remain where they are. 他们要留在原地
[1:21:35] There’s no helicopters available for evac. 目前没有直升机可供撤离
[1:21:37] That is correct. 没错
[1:21:39] If you would be so kind to relay that information. 如果你愿意转达这些信息的话
[1:21:44] Are we at war? 我们在打仗吗
[1:21:47] Yes, we are. 是的 我们是
[1:21:48] With whom? 和谁
[1:22:02] Depot street. 德迫街
[1:22:04] Truck pulling in across from Depot Street. 从德迫街对面拉的卡车。
[1:22:11] Unit 9-3. 0-3-15 negative. 第9至3单元 0-3-15 没有人
[1:22:17] 1-5-2-7, Brian. 1-5-2-7 布瑞恩
[1:22:19] God damn it. 该死的
[1:22:21] We picked up chatter 我们拿到了音频
[1:22:22] from well-known Al-Qaeda operatives 来自臭名远昭的基地组织成员
[1:22:24] celebrating today’s attack. 得知他们正在庆祝今天的袭击
[1:22:26] We shouldn’t rule out Iraq. 我们不应该排除伊拉克发动袭击的可能性
[1:22:27] But what’s Al-Qaeda’s leader’s name? 那么基地组织头目的名字叫什么
[1:22:29] His name is Osama bin Laden. 奥萨马·本·拉登
[1:22:32] But this is clearly Al-Qaeda. 但这显然是基地组织的袭击行动
[1:22:33] I’ve been tracking their movements for years. 多年来我一直在追踪他们的动向
[1:22:35] Their fingerprints are all over this. 到处都是他们的痕迹
[1:22:37] Iraq has all the good targets. 伊拉克的目标更多
[1:22:40] Iraq has nothing to do with this, Don. 伊拉克与这些事情无关 唐
[1:22:41] Richard, you don’t know that for sure. 理查德 你又不清楚
[1:22:43] I do know that. 我确实知道
[1:22:44] Mr. President, if I may. 总统先生 如果可以的话
[1:22:47] Afghanistan is Al-Qaeda’s headquarters. 阿富汗是基地组织的总部
[1:22:50] Yeah. 是啊
[1:22:51] And the CIA would be capable of taking out 中情局有能力
[1:22:54] the Taliban’s power structure. 结构塔利班的权力组织
[1:22:56] Yeah. All due respect, George, 恕我直言 乔治
[1:22:58] Mr. President… 总统先生
[1:22:59] we are the Pentagon, 我们为国家效力
[1:23:01] and this is what we do. 而这就是我们要做的
[1:23:02] Don. 唐
[1:23:15] Okay. We’ll, uh, we’ll go with Tenet and the CIA. 嗯 我们 呃 我们会让特内特和中情局一起去
[1:23:19] I’ll make some calls to our allies. 我会打电话给我们的盟友
[1:23:21] Thank you, sir. 谢谢您 先生
[1:23:25] I think, uh, given the current situation, Mr. President, 我想 考虑到目前的情况 副总统先生
[1:23:29] it is wise that we not be in the same location for COG 我们最好不要变成COG的形式
[1:23:33] Continuity of Government. 政府的可持续运行
[1:23:37] Of course. 当然
[1:23:40] We gonna be all right on this, aren’t we? 我们会没事的 不是吗
[1:23:43] Yes, sir. Yes, we are. 是的 没事 我们会的
[1:23:50] Angler has taken off to an undisclosed location. 垂钓者已于秘密位置起飞
[1:23:52] I repeat, Angler is airborne. 重复 垂钓者已升空
[1:23:54] Angler? That’s the VP? 垂钓者 副总统在里面吗
[1:23:57] I thought only the president could land 我以为只有总统才能
[1:23:58] and take off from the south lawn. 从南草坪降落和起飞
[1:24:00] What can I tell you? 我能说什么
[1:24:01] Today’s fucked. 今天糟透了
[1:24:27] This intelligence has been edited, 这份情报已被撰写
[1:24:30] redacted, and reduced. 并且编辑 裁剪
[1:24:33] Mr. Vice President, usually we vet 副总统先生 我们通常
[1:24:35] the daily intelligence threat matrix 审查每日情报威胁
[1:24:36] to eliminate unreliable sources, non-players… 来消除一些不可靠的情报 非本组织成员
[1:24:39] Stop. Don’t you dare. 闭嘴 你敢再跟我这么说
[1:24:44] Give me a damn disquisition on what I cannot hear. 就给我一篇说明 告诉我什么是我不能知道的
[1:24:46] Mr. Vice President, 副总统先生
[1:24:48] a lot of this intelligence is not verified. 这份情报的很多部分都没有得到证实
[1:24:51] I’m gonna say this for the last time. 我最后一次这么说
[1:24:52] I want to hear everything 我需要知道一切信息
[1:24:53] every day, from now on. 每天 从现在开始
[1:24:56] Yes, sir. 是的 先生
[1:24:57] Proceed. 会议继续
[1:25:00] We’re tracking the possibility of bio-attacks 我们正在调查生物攻击的可能性
[1:25:02] using Sarin gas, cowpox, Ebola. 是否使用沙林气体 牛痘 埃博拉病毒
[1:25:05] There was a post on a dark website 在一个地下网站上有一个帖子
[1:25:10] about mass beheadings in residential areas. 提到关于居民区的集体斩首事件
[1:25:12] Movie studios, museums, 电影工作室 博物馆
[1:25:14] subways, daycare centers may all be targets. 地铁 日托中心都可能是目标
[1:25:17] A source has told an asset 有线人称
[1:25:18] about fire-bombs targeting hospitals. 会出现针对医院的炸弹攻击
[1:25:20] A video was captured 我们捕获了一段视频
[1:25:21] describing televised executions 内容为一段电视直播处决
[1:25:23] interrupting American network TV. 通过中断美国网络电视进行播放
[1:25:25] Sporting events, tourist attractions, 体育赛事 旅游景点
[1:25:27] New Year’s celebrations, religious ceremonies, 新年庆典 宗教仪式
[1:25:29] are all hard targets. 都是安全隐患目标
[1:25:31] Machine-gun attacks at high-profile… 机枪高调攻击
[1:25:32] Biological agents inside… 生物制剂植入
[1:25:34] Coordinated fire-bombings 协同火力轰炸位于
[1:25:35] of commuter trains across North America. 北美洲的通勤火车
[1:25:37] Water filtration plants targeted with bio-weapons 生物武器攻击目标为过滤性植物
[1:25:39] and killing a million people. 会杀死一百万人
[1:25:40] A briefcase nuke 公文包核武器
[1:25:42] being driven into a major city and detonated. 会被送到大城市然后被引爆
[1:25:44] Airborne bio-weapons can be put 机载生化武器可能会布置
[1:25:45] into the air conditioning units 大型购物中心或赌场的
[1:25:46] of large shopping malls or casinos. 空调机组里面
[1:25:49] A beloved celebrity has been targeted 一位受人喜爱的名人可能会
[1:25:51] for kidnapping and possibly beheading,Phosphorus bombs, 被绑架或者被斩首 或被磷弹炸死
[1:25:53] chlorine attacks, mustard gas, cluster bombs… 被氯气攻击 或被芥子气毒死 或被集束炸弹炸死
[1:26:04] I’m scared, Dick. 我很害怕 迪克
[1:26:14] I’ll always take care of you, Lynne. 我会永远照顾你的 琳恩
[1:26:17] You know that. 你知道的
[1:26:22] What are you going to do? 你想怎么做
[1:27:04] Move, move, move! 快跑 快跑 快跑
[1:27:12] So, while Powell, the CIA, 所以 当鲍威尔 中央情报局
[1:27:15] and their international coalition 以及他们的国际联盟
[1:27:16] toppled the Taliban and took Afghanistan in a matter of weeks, 几周内推翻了塔利班 占领了阿富汗
[1:27:21] Cheney had found something much more powerful than missiles or jet planes. 切尼找到了比导弹或喷气式飞机更加有力的武器
[1:27:27] Mr. Vice President, this is John Yoo. 副总统先生 这是约翰·柳
[1:27:29] It’s a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Vice President. 非常高兴见到你 副总统先生
[1:27:33] So David told me you’re looking for executive authority. 大卫告诉我你在寻找行政权威
[1:27:39] John here is definitely your guy. 约翰肯定是你的人
[1:27:41] The war we’re now fighting 我们正在进行的战争
[1:27:44] will require resources and abilities that the, uh… 需要资源和能力
[1:27:49] the current interpretation of the law… impedes. 目前对法律的解释受到阻碍
[1:27:53] The vice president believes 副总统相信
[1:27:55] it is the duty of the commander-in-chief to protect the nation 总司令有责任保卫国家
[1:27:58] and that no other obligation, 同时 没有任何责任
[1:27:59] whether to Congress or existing treaty 不管是对国会或者是对现行条约
[1:28:01] supersedes that duty. 能够取代这项责任
[1:28:03] How do you feel about that statement? 你对那个声明有什么看法
[1:28:06] I couldn’t agree more. 我非常同意
[1:28:09] John Yoo’s first legal opinion 约翰·柳的第一份法律意见书
[1:28:11] allowed the US government 允许美国政府无正当理由地
[1:28:13] to monitor every citizens’ phone calls, 监视每个公民的通话记录
[1:28:16] texts, and e-mails without a warrant. 短信和邮件
[1:28:20] It was a giant legal leap based on sketchy law at best. 这是一个基于粗略法律的巨大飞跃
[1:28:27] But John Yoo’s masterpiece, 但是约翰·柳的杰作
[1:28:29] his Moby-Dick, if you will, 他的白鲸 如果你愿意这样说的话
[1:28:33] was the torture memo. 是一本酷刑备忘录
[1:28:35] …your fucking contact is! 你这该死的联系人
[1:28:38] Where’re your fucking hands? 你他妈的手呢
[1:28:40] What about the Geneva Convention? 日内瓦公约怎么样
[1:28:43] The Geneva Convention is open to interpretation. 日内瓦公约可以解释的
[1:28:45] What exactly does that mean? 这到底是什么意思
[1:28:47] Stress positions, waterboarding, confided spaces, dogs… 压力位置 水上滑板 秘密空间 狗
[1:28:51] We’re calling it “enhanced interrogation.” 我们称之为 强化审讯
[1:28:54] Are we sure none of this fits in the definition of “torture”? 我们确定这些都不符合酷刑的定义吗
[1:28:57] The US doesn’t torture. 美国政府不用酷刑
[1:28:59] Therefore, if the US does it, 因此 如果美国政府这样做了
[1:29:03] by definition, it can’t be torture. 从定义上来说 这不可能是酷刑
[1:29:10] But torture and privacy laws 但是 酷刑和隐私法
[1:29:11] weren’t the only laws Cheney re-wrote with John Yoo. 不是切尼和约翰·柳重写的唯一的法律
[1:29:14] They had a full menu of legal opinions 他们有完整的法律意见单
[1:29:17] stretching and challenging constitutional and international law. 延伸和挑战宪法与国际法
[1:29:21] Good evening, gentlemen. 晚上好 先生们
[1:29:23] Tonight we’re offering the enemy combatant, 今晚我们将提供敌方战斗人员
[1:29:26] whereby a person is not a prisoner of war, 如果一个人不是战俘
[1:29:29] or a criminal, which means of course 或者罪犯 这当然意味着
[1:29:31] that he has absolutely no protection under the law. 他绝对不受法律保护
[1:29:33] We’re also offering an extraordinary rendition 我们还提供了一个特别的表演
[1:29:36] where suspects are abducted without record on foreign soil 在外国领土上 毫无痕迹地绑架嫌疑犯
[1:29:40] and taken to foreign prisons in countries that still torture. 并把他带到仍在遭受酷刑的外国监狱
[1:29:42] Oh, that sounds delicious. 哦 听起来很不错
[1:29:44] We also have Guantanamo Bay, 我们也有关塔那摩湾
[1:29:46] which is very, very complicated, 这地方非常非常复杂
[1:29:48] but it does allow you to operate 但是 它允许你
[1:29:50] outside the purview of due process 超出正当程序地去操控它
[1:29:52] on land which isn’t technically US territory, 尽管从技术上来说 它不是美国的领土
[1:29:55] but where we still do have control. 但是 我们仍然可以控制它
[1:29:57] And also, we have a very fresh and delicious 同时 我们有非常新鲜和美味的
[1:29:59] War Powers Act interpretation 战争权力法的解释
[1:30:01] which gives the executive branch broad powers 它赋予了行政部门广泛的权力
[1:30:04] to attack nations or people who it deems still possibly a threat. 去攻击仍然可能构成威胁的国家或人民
[1:30:08] We have the fact that under the unitary executive theory, 事实上 在统一执行理论下
[1:30:11] if the president does anything, 总统做的任何事情
[1:30:13] it must be legal. 都是合法的
[1:30:15] Which, of course, means you can do whatever the fuck you want. 当然 这意味着你可以做任何你想要做的事
[1:30:18] So, gentlemen, 所以 先生们
[1:30:19] which would you like? 你想要哪一个
[1:30:20] Hmm. We’ll, uh, we’ll have them all. 嗯… 我们 我们全都要
[1:30:23] Excellent choice. 很棒的选择
[1:30:25] Thank you. 谢谢你
[1:30:27] Look, Dick, uh, we’ve been working 迪克 我们一直与
[1:30:30] with these focus groups and advertising executives 这些焦点小组和广告主管打交道
[1:30:32] to try and sell the War on Terror. 试图出卖反恐战争
[1:30:35] I’ll reiterate, we are still being recorded, 我重申一下 我们仍在被录音
[1:30:37] and there still may or may not be clients 可能还有客户 也可能没有客户
[1:30:39] back behind the two-way mirrors… 藏在双向镜后面
[1:30:40] These guys are pretty sharp. 这些人很聪明
[1:30:43] Go on. 继续
[1:30:45] There’s a problem. 有一个问题
[1:30:46] The results show that people are confused. 结果表明 人们很困惑
[1:30:48] You all support the president, 你们都支持总统
[1:30:51] you hate terrorism, yet you’re still confused. 你讨厌恐怖主义 但你还是很困惑
[1:30:55] Can you tell me why? Anybody? 你能告诉我为什么吗 有人能解释吗
[1:30:58] Don’t we have to just get Osama bin Laden? He did it. 我们不是必须要抓住奥塞姆·本拉登吗 他做到了
[1:31:02] So why are they calling it a war? A war with who? 那他们为什么称之为战争 和谁的战争
[1:31:05] Okay, thank you, Mark. 好的 谢谢你 马克
[1:31:06] Uh, Jasmine, jump in, please. 贾丝明 该你了
[1:31:09] I don’t get what this Al-Qaeda is. 我不知道这个基地组织是什么
[1:31:11] Are they a country, like, why can’t we just bomb them? 他们是一个国家吗 我们为什么不能轰炸他们
[1:31:14] That’s really interesting. 真有趣
[1:31:15] Um, is anybody else confused about what Al-Qaeda is? 嗯 还有人对基地组织是什么感到困惑吗
[1:31:19] Show of hands, please. 请举手
[1:31:20] One, two, three, four, five, six, seven… 一 二 三 四 五 六 七…
[1:31:23] That’s a lot of you. Right? 很多人都感到困惑 对吗
[1:31:26] Would it be less confusing if it was a country? 如果它是个国家的话 会不会不那么混乱呢
[1:31:29] Damn right. 没错
[1:31:30] I’m angry as hell. 我气得要命
[1:31:32] We’ve gotta fuck someone up. 我们得搞砸别人
[1:31:35] Got it. Mark. 知道了 马克
[1:31:37] Really strong feelings coming from Mark. I’m interested. 马克的感情真的很强烈 我很感兴趣
[1:31:39] Does anybody else feel the same or agree… 其他人是否也有同样的感受 或同意
[1:31:40] They understand we’re at war, but… 他们知道我们在打仗 但是
[1:31:43] they don’t know against who. 他们不知道在对抗谁
[1:31:45] They want a country. 他们想要一个国家
[1:31:47] It’s cleaner, simpler. 它更干净 更简单
[1:31:48] That would certainly help us legally. 这当然会在法律上帮助我们
[1:31:52] looks like it’s time to take Iraq. 看来是时候占领伊拉克了
[1:31:56] It is about goddamn time. 是时候了
[1:32:03] It’s called the Office of Special Plans. 它被称为特别计划办公室
[1:32:07] Tenet is not yet serious enough 特尼特还没有严肃看待
[1:32:10] about the threat that Saddam poses to the global war on terror. 萨达姆对全球反恐战争的威胁
[1:32:16] But I can promise you 但我可以向你保证
[1:32:17] that this intelligence group will be. 这个情报小组将会严肃对待这件事
[1:32:19] Wolfie, I got something. 沃尔菲 我拿到了一个东西
[1:32:21] Truck transmissions. 卡车变速箱
[1:32:22] If there’s a donkey with a radio up his ass, 如果有一头驴屁股上带着收音机
[1:32:24] I wanna know what it’s transmitting. 我想知道它在传输什么
[1:32:25] I think that’s an excellent idea. 我认为这是个好主意
[1:32:29] I’ve been wantin’ to take that motherfucker Saddam down 我一直想把那个该死的萨达姆弄下来
[1:32:31] -for a long time. -Hmm. – 很长一段时间 – 嗯
[1:32:33] Here’s a report that says Mohamed Atta, 这是一份报告说默罕默德·阿塔
[1:32:35] one of the 9-11 hijackers, 9-11劫机者之一
[1:32:36] may have met with an Iraqi spy in Prague. 可能在布拉格见过一个伊拉克的间谍
[1:32:39] It’s a really strong statement. 这是一个非常有力的声明
[1:32:41] Does anybody agree with that statement? 有人同意这个说法吗
[1:32:42] Wait a minute. We can’t just bomb people. 等一下 我们不能只轰炸人
[1:32:45] Yeah, no. 是的 我们不能
[1:32:46] It’s from Czech intelligence, 这份报告来自捷克情报局
[1:32:47] and they question its credibility. 他们质疑它的可信度
[1:32:49] I’ve been to Prague. They question everything. 我去过布拉格 他们质疑一切
[1:32:51] Who wants to be an anonymous source? 谁想成为一个匿名的来源
[1:32:54] Make sure you work in the phrase, 确保你按照这句话工作
[1:32:56] “We don’t want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud.” 我们不希望确凿的证据变成蘑菇云
[1:32:58] That focus-grouped through the roof. 焦点聚集在屋顶上
[1:33:00] There will always be uncertainty about when he will acquire nuclear weapons. 对于他何时获得核武器 总是存在不确定性
[1:33:06] But we don’t want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud. 但我们不想把确凿的证据变成蘑菇云
[1:33:09] There is a smoking gun or a mushroom cloud 有确凿的证据或蘑菇云
[1:33:11] Simply stated, 简单地说
[1:33:13] there is no doubt that Saddam Hussein 毫无疑问 萨达姆·侯赛因
[1:33:16] now has weapons of mass destruction. 现在拥有大规模杀伤性武器
[1:33:18] We gotta get rid of this dictator. 我们得除掉这个独裁者
[1:33:20] He’s got anthrax, he’s got all these weapons… 他有炭疽 他有所有这些武器…
[1:33:22] There is no doubt he is amassing them 毫无疑问 他是在积累它们
[1:33:24] to use them against our friends, 用它们去对付我们的朋友
[1:33:25] against our allies, and against us. 对付我们的盟友 对付我们
[1:33:27] When, and not if, 何时 但如果是真的
[1:33:29] but when Saddam creates and uses nuclear weapons, 当萨达姆制造和使用核武器时
[1:33:33] what will we tell the American people? 我们要告诉美国人民什么
[1:33:35] Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity 萨达姆·侯赛因将继续提高他的能力
[1:33:39] to wage biological and chemical warfare. 发动生化战争
[1:33:41] Whassup! 你好
[1:33:47] To show that we will stand up for what we know to be right, 为了证明 我们知道的事情是正确的
[1:33:50] to show that we will confront the tyrannies 证明我们将面对暴政
[1:33:52] and dictatorships and terrorists 独裁和恐怖分子
[1:33:54] who put our way of life at risk. 是他们把我们的生活置于危险之中
[1:33:55] …of winning a second UN resolution …赢得第二个联合国决议
[1:33:57] authorizing war against Iraq. 授权对伊拉克发动战争
[1:33:59] So tonight President Bush… 所以今晚布什总统…
[1:34:01] …and the hopes of an oppressed people… …被压迫的人民的希望…
[1:34:03] The tribe has spoken. 部落已经发言了
[1:34:07] Polling for an invasion of Iraq is at 53 percent. 入侵伊拉克的投票率为53%
[1:34:12] Focus groups show people 焦点小组告诉人们
[1:34:13] still aren’t sure about a connection between Saddam and Al-Qaeda. 仍然不确定萨达姆和基地组织之间的联系
[1:34:18] And France and Germany have both said 法国和德国都说过
[1:34:20] that they will not join our coalition 他们不会加入我们的联盟
[1:34:21] And neither will Israel. 以色列也不会加入
[1:34:23] Ariel and I we went to the Wall together with Condi. 阿里尔赖斯和我一起去了长城
[1:34:26] We-we prayed together. 我们 我们一起祈祷
[1:34:28] Israel’s one of our closest allies. 以色列是我们最亲密的盟友之一
[1:34:30] They said an invasion of Iraq would… destabilize the region, sir, 他们说入侵伊拉克会破坏地区稳定 先生
[1:34:35] and that they don’t believe Saddam is an immediate threat. 他们不相信萨达姆是一个直接的威胁
[1:34:38] That’s not good. 这可不妙了
[1:34:39] I really want a strong coalition for this. 我真的想要一个强有力的联盟来支持这一点
[1:34:42] I have an idea. 我有个主意
[1:34:44] Secretary Powell has the highest trustworthy ratings 鲍威尔部长在我们所有人中
[1:34:47] of all of us. 值得信赖的评级是最高的
[1:34:49] What if he gave an address to the UN and the American people 如果他给联合国和美国人民一个演说
[1:34:53] to push this over the finish line? 把它推过终点线呢
[1:34:55] Karl, I have been very vocal, 卡尔 一直有个声音告诉我
[1:34:57] very vocal about my reservations about invading Iraq. 我要对入侵伊拉克持保留意见
[1:35:00] Oh! Colin, you’re such a nervous Nellie. 哦 科林 你真像有神经质的内莉
[1:35:03] We are talking about invading… 我们在讨论入侵
[1:35:05] A worry wart. 一个令人担心的树瘤
[1:35:05] -…a sovereign nation… -Sovereign nation? – 一个主权国家 – 主权国家
[1:35:07] Don’t give me that… 别对我说这些
[1:35:10] It is a sovereign nation, Don. 唐 这是一个主权国家
[1:35:11] …in any way, shape, or form. You’re wrong. 以任何方式 形状或形式 你错了
[1:35:12] What’s the exit strategy? 退出策略是什么
[1:35:14] What, what about the intelligence? 情报是什么
[1:35:16] Does the intelligence matter to you at all? 情报跟你有关系吗
[1:35:17] The exit strategy. Oh, please. 退出策略 哦 拜托
[1:35:18] -You break it, you bought it. -You know you’re wrong. – 你打破了它 你得买了它 – 你知道你错了
[1:35:19] You’re a chicken-shit. 你真是个胆小鬼
[1:35:21] All right. Hey, hey, hey, all right. 好了 嘿 嘿 嘿 好了
[1:35:24] Let-let’s slow down. 让我们冷静下来
[1:35:27] That’s enough of that, you guys. 够了 伙计们
[1:35:28] Well, are you… gonna take Saddam down or not? 好吧 你会不会把萨达姆打倒
[1:35:35] You are the president. 你是总统
[1:35:40] War… is yours. 战争 是你的
[1:35:45] Not the UN, not some coalition. 不是联合国的 不是联盟的
[1:35:49] Do not share powers… 不要分享权力
[1:35:52] that are yours alone. 权利只是你一个人的
[1:36:01] George, make sure Powell sees the intelligence. 乔治 确保鲍威尔看到情报
[1:36:04] Yes, sir. 好的 先生
[1:36:06] Colin, I want you to make that speech. 科林 我需要你来发言
[1:36:08] I’m president, and I want this to happen. 我是总统 我就是要这样做
[1:36:10] Yes, sir. -HUGHES: Yes, sir. 是的 总统 – 休斯航空公司 是的 总统
[1:36:11] Yes, sir. 是 总统先生
[1:36:12] I look forward to being briefed on that intelligence. 我希望这个情报是简短的
[1:36:15] On another note, I’ve been handed a credible report 另外 我得到一个可靠的情报
[1:36:18] of a small terrorist enclave in North Eastern Iraq. 伊拉克东北部有一个小型的恐怖主义飞地
[1:36:21] If we’re gonna invade, 如果我们要袭击那里
[1:36:22] we suggest taking it out before. 我们建议先把那块飞地拿下
[1:36:24] Let it go, George. We have bigger fish to fry. 放手吧 乔治 我们有更大的鱼要炸
[1:36:26] Let me see that intelligence. 让我看看那个情报
[1:36:28] Of course. 当然
[1:36:30] That classified document 那份机密文件
[1:36:33] described a terrorist named Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi 描述了一个名叫 阿布·穆萨布·扎卡维的恐怖分子
[1:36:37] who had started as a drug dealer and pimp 一开始是个毒贩和皮条客
[1:36:40] before becoming fully radicalized 在成为激进派之前
[1:36:41] in a Jordanian prison. 在约旦监狱里
[1:36:44] Zarqawi went to meet bin Laden in Afghanistan. 扎卡维去阿富汗见本拉登
[1:36:47] Did he or did he not meet with Al-Qaeda? 他究竟有没有跟基地组织会面呢
[1:36:49] But Zarqawi had vowed to kill all Shia Muslims, 但是扎卡维发誓要杀死所有什叶派穆斯林
[1:36:54] and bin Laden’s mother was Shia. 本拉登的母亲是什叶派
[1:36:57] So the meeting didn’t go over well. 所以这次会面不会顺利
[1:36:59] They had no operational contact. 他们没有业务联系
[1:37:01] Hogwash. 胡言乱语
[1:37:02] Larry, have you seen this speech? 拉里 你看过这个演讲稿吗
[1:37:05] Yes, sir. It’s bone-thin. 是的 先生 它已经很短了
[1:37:07] I saw at least five pieces of disproved intel in there. 我之前看的至少有五处假情报
[1:37:10] Who wrote it? 谁写的
[1:37:11] They said it was the president, 他们说是总统
[1:37:12] but I think you can guess who really wrote it. 但我想你能猜出是谁写的
[1:37:14] Well, there’s no need to yell, Larry. 好吧 没必要大喊大叫 拉里
[1:37:17] Yeah, well, we reviewed the speech, 是的 嗯 我们审查过演讲稿
[1:37:20] we gave some notes. 我们做了一些标注
[1:37:23] Powell really doesn’t have a clue, does he? 鲍威尔真的什么都不知道 是吗
[1:37:27] After the US invaded Afghanistan, 美国入侵阿富汗之后
[1:37:29] Zarqawi set up shop in Iraq. 扎卡维在伊拉克开设了商店
[1:37:32] It was the only connection Cheney had 这是切尼仅有的
[1:37:35] between Al-Qaeda and Iraq. 基地组织和伊拉克之间得联系
[1:37:37] The Security Council will now begin 安理会现在将开始
[1:37:39] its consideration of item two of the agenda. 审议议程中的第二项
[1:37:43] I call now on the distinguished 我现在要介绍的是杰出的
[1:37:45] Secretary of State 国务卿
[1:37:47] of the United States of America, 美利坚合众国
[1:37:48] His Excellency, Mr. Colin Powell. 尊敬的科林·鲍威尔先生
[1:37:51] My purpose here today is to share with you 我今天来这儿的目的是和你们分享
[1:37:54] what the United States knows 美国知道多少
[1:37:55] about Iraq’s weapons of mass destruction 关于伊拉克的大规模杀伤性武器
[1:37:59] as well as Iraq’s involvement in terrorism. 以及伊拉克参与的恐怖袭击
[1:38:01] Iraq, today, harbors a deadly terrorist network 伊拉克如今建立了一个罪恶的恐怖主义网
[1:38:04] headed by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, 由阿布·穆萨布·扎卡维领导
[1:38:07] an associate and collaborator… 是一个联系人和合作者…
[1:38:10] Powell’s UN address was seen by millions of Americans, 数百万美国人看到了鲍威尔在联合国的讲话
[1:38:12] but other people were watching as well. 但其他国家的人也在观看
[1:38:15] Collaborator of Osama bin Laden 奥萨马·本·拉登的合作者
[1:38:17] and his Al-Qaeda lieutenants… 他的基地组织副手
[1:38:19] Zarqawi’s activities are not confined… 扎卡维的活动并不局限于…
[1:38:21] The great general of America 伟大美国将军
[1:38:23] saying his name over and over again 一遍又一遍重复他的名字
[1:38:24] immediately made Zarqawi a star. 使扎卡维立刻变成明星
[1:38:27] Staying in the capital of Iraq… 留在伊拉克首都…
[1:38:29] Allahu Akbar! 真主伟大
[1:38:30] Within a day, he had gone into hiding. 一天之内 他就藏了起来
[1:38:33] Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! 真主伟大 真主伟大
[1:38:35] …but these denials are simply not credible. …但这些否认根本不可取
[1:38:38] They are simply not credible. 他们根本不可取
[1:38:41] An Al-Qaeda source tells us that 基地组织的线人告诉我们
[1:38:43] Saddam and bin Laden reached an understanding 萨达姆和本拉登达成共识
[1:38:45] that Al-Qaeda would no longer 基地组织将不再
[1:38:48] support activities against Baghdad. 支持针对巴格达的活动
[1:38:50] By the time we invaded Iraq, 当我们入侵伊拉克时
[1:38:52] 70 percent of Americans thought 70%的美国人认为
[1:38:54] that Saddam Hussein was involved in 9-11. 萨达姆·侯赛因参与了9-11事件
[1:38:58] Later, Colin Powell would call the speech 稍后 科林·鲍威尔会做一个演讲
[1:39:02] the most painful moment of his life. 这将会是他一生中最痛苦的时刻
[1:39:07] Thank you, sir. 谢谢您 先生
[1:39:10] And what was it? Justin, right? 那是什么 Justin 对吧
[1:39:12] She can buy her album now, Mom. 妈妈 她现在可以买她的专辑了
[1:39:13] What was the girl’s name that won? 获胜的女孩叫什么名字
[1:39:15] -No, Kelly. And then Justin. -Last year. – 不 是凯利 然后是贾斯汀 – 去年
[1:39:17] What are you talking about? 你在说什么
[1:39:19] We’re talking about American Idol,Dad. 我们在讲美国偶像 爸爸
[1:39:21] What is that? 那是什么
[1:39:22] We watched it. You’ve seen it. 我们在看它 你已经看过了
[1:39:23] -You’ve seen it… -I’ve watched it next to you. – 你看过 – 我看的时候你在旁边
[1:39:26] The singing, and the mean judge, and the… 唱歌的犀利的评委 还有
[1:39:27] I don’t like that… 我不喜欢
[1:39:29] The mean British judge? -LIZ: You liked it. 犀利的英国评委 – 莉斯 你喜欢
[1:39:31] Oh, I like him. 哦 我喜欢他
[1:39:32] Yeah, you… 是的 你…
[1:39:34] Do you know how to stop a fish from smelling? 你知道如何让一条鱼失去嗅觉吗
[1:39:36] Very appropriate. 非常合适
[1:39:38] That’s not a… That’s a terrible joke. 那不是 那是个很糟糕的笑话
[1:39:40] Well, I didn’t finish it yet. 嗯 我还没说完
[1:39:42] I mean, everybody. 我是说 所有人
[1:39:44] You cut off its nose. 你割下了它的鼻子就可以了
[1:39:46] Wait, what? 等等 什么
[1:39:48] I know, Grace, cover your ears please. 我知道 格蕾丝 捂住你的耳朵
[1:39:50] Cheers, honey. -Cheers. Oh, my gosh. 干杯 亲爱的 – 干杯 哦 天哪
[1:39:53] No, we’re not. 不 我们不是
[1:39:55] We’re not revisiting 我们不会再回顾
[1:39:56] your father’s colorful conversations… 你父亲幽默的对话了
[1:39:59] Let’s just say that your dad… 就说你爸爸…
[1:40:11] Again, another, 再一次 另一个
[1:40:13] disintegrating… 正在解体
[1:40:22] Is the prompter visible for you? 提词器您能看清吗
[1:40:24] Yeah, yeah. Bring it a little closer. Yeah. 是的 是的 再拉近一点 好
[1:40:28] How’s my hair? All right? 我头发乱吗 行吗
[1:40:30] Looks good. -Tie? 看起来很好 – 领带呢
[1:40:32] And we are five, four, three… 我们开始倒数五四三
[1:40:36] My fellow citizens, at this hour, 我的同胞们 在这个时刻
[1:40:38] American and coalition forces 美国和盟军
[1:40:41] are in the early stages of military operations 目前处于军事行动的早期阶段
[1:40:44] to disarm Iraq, to free its people 解除伊拉克武装 解放伊拉克人民
[1:40:47] and to defend the world from grave danger. 防治世界陷入极度危险之中
[1:40:51] On my orders, coalition forces have begun striking 在我的命令下 盟军已经开始攻击
[1:40:54] selected targets of military importance 选定的军事要害
[1:40:57] to undermine Saddam Hussein’s ability to wage war. 削弱萨达姆·侯赛因的战争实力
[1:41:01] These are opening stages of what will be 这些都是开始阶段
[1:41:04] a broad and concerted campaign. 协调一致的作战方案
[1:41:07] To all the men and women of the United States Armed Forces 所有美国武装部队的男女军人
[1:41:10] now in the Middle East, 现在在中东
[1:41:12] the peace of a troubled world 为了世界的和平
[1:41:14] and the hopes of an oppressed people… 为了被压迫人民的希望
[1:41:48] Guys, over here. Two o’clock. 伙计们 这边 二点钟方向
[1:41:54] This statement from the White House, 来自白宫的声明
[1:41:56] President Bush regards this as an historic moment. 布什总统认为这是一个历史性的时刻
[1:41:59] The scenes on television show 电视节目中的情景
[1:42:01] the thirst for freedom is unquenchable. 表现了大家对自由的追求是无法抑制的
[1:42:05] Striker One L-S-O, 前锋1 L-S-O
[1:42:06] You are clear to land. 请降落
[1:42:19] Usa! Usa! Usa! 美国万岁 美国万岁 美国万岁
[1:42:25] Good work. 做得好
[1:42:30] Hi. Um… 你好 嗯
[1:42:33] It seems like they’ve been shipping men and equipment 他们好像一直在运送人和设备
[1:42:37] out of Afghanistan, into Iraq, 从阿富汗到伊拉克
[1:42:40] and at the moment, we’re a little unsure 现在 我们有点不确定
[1:42:43] of what’s going on. 发生了什么事
[1:42:48] I don’t want you to worry about me. 我不想让你担心我
[1:42:58] Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. 伊拉克的主要战事已经结束
[1:43:02] In the battle of Iraq, 在伊拉克战争中
[1:43:04] the United States and our allies have prevailed. 美国和我们的盟国取得了胜利
[1:43:08] We have concerns over Halliburton KBR’s billing practices. 我们对哈里伯顿公司的计费方式有些疑问
[1:43:12] As you know, the no-bid contracts they received 如你所知 他们得到的是无竞标合同
[1:43:15] were quite sizable, and now… 相当大 现在…
[1:43:17] Well, we’re not concerned, are we? 好吧 我们不关心 是吗
[1:43:19] Not at all. 一点也不
[1:43:21] The secretary of defense and the vice president 国防部长和副总统
[1:43:23] just said they’re not concerned. 只是说他们不关心
[1:43:26] Now, can we please talk about Iran? 现在 我们能谈谈伊朗吗
[1:43:40] To this day, Dick Cheney has never apologized 直到今天 迪克·切尼从未道歉
[1:43:43] for this incident. 就这次事件
[1:43:44] Jesus, Dick! 老天 迪克
[1:43:47] But someone else did. 但其有人替他道歉了
[1:43:49] My family and I are deeply sorry 我和我的家人感到非常抱歉
[1:43:52] for all that Vice President Cheney and his family 副总统切尼和他的家人
[1:43:55] have had to go through this past week. 在过去的一周所经历的一切深表歉意
[1:43:58] We send our love and respect to them. 我们向他们表达我们的爱和尊重
[1:44:01] And we hope that he will continue to come to Texas… 我们希望他能继续来德克萨斯
[1:44:05] and seek the relaxation that he deserves. 得到相应的放松
[1:44:09] So, this, uh… 所以 呃…
[1:44:13] Joe Wilson asshole… 乔·威尔森混蛋
[1:44:17] …is questioning our intelligence 他在质疑我们的情报
[1:44:18] in the New York Times. 还发表在了在纽约时报上
[1:44:21] What’s his wife’s name again? 他妻子叫什么名字
[1:44:24] Valerie Plame. 瓦莱丽·普莱姆
[1:44:26] I confirmed it. She’s undercover CIA. 我确定过了 她是中情局的卧底
[1:44:30] Leak it. 泄露出去
[1:44:47] Okay, okay. 好的 好的
[1:44:49] Like, they don’t care about their dogs, man. 就像 他们不关心他们的狗 伙计
[1:44:50] I mean they shoot ’em. They let ’em roam wild. 我是说他们开枪打狗 让他们在野外四处游荡
[1:44:51] They let ’em roam wild. 让他们在野外四处游荡
[1:44:52] What kinda man don’t love a dog? 什么样的男人会不爱狗
[1:44:54] People in India love cows. 印度人喜欢牛
[1:44:56] They look at us 他们看着我们
[1:44:57] and how we treat cows and think the same thing. 对待奶牛的方式会和你的想法一样
[1:44:59] Cows. All due respect… 奶牛们 尊敬的各位
[1:45:01] that sounds like some liberal ass-scratchin’ bullshit… 听起来像是自由党人在胡说八道
[1:45:12] Linda. 琳达
[1:45:17] Look at this crap. 看看这个垃圾文件
[1:45:18] God damn it. 该死的
[1:45:19] Hello, Don. 你好 唐
[1:45:22] That report says Zarqawi, 报告说扎卡维,
[1:45:24] the same fucking Zarqawi we talked up for months, 就是我们谈论了几个月的扎卡维
[1:45:27] is now leading a major insurgence in Iraq. 目前正在伊拉克掀起了一场大规模叛乱
[1:45:30] And the implication is it’s because we talked him up. 这看似是我们让他做的
[1:45:33] Has POTUS seen this? 美国总统看到这个了吗
[1:45:35] No, no, no. 不 不 不
[1:45:36] I… I intercepted it before it got across the hallway. 它在走廊上时被我截获了
[1:45:39] And this is, this is generated by an analyst. 也就是说 这是被一个分析师 发现的
[1:45:42] Get me Tenet. 帮我转接Tenet
[1:45:44] This stops here. 这里停
[1:45:45] Abu Musab al-Zarqawi 阿布·穆萨布·扎卡维
[1:45:47] had taken his fame from Powell’s UN speech 在鲍威尔的联合国演讲之后出了名
[1:45:50] and turned it into his own new thing. 而且为他所用
[1:45:53] The Islamic State of Iraq and Levant Or isis. 伊拉克伊斯兰国和黎凡特或者ISIS
[1:45:59] And because that intelligence somehow found itself 因为那个情报不知怎么的
[1:46:02] on the bottom of a stack of papers… 被压到了一堆文件的底部
[1:46:05] Zarqawi had a whole year 扎卡维度这样过了一整年
[1:46:07] to just do whatever the hell he wanted. 他想干什么就干什么
[1:46:10] And what he wanted… 他想要的……
[1:46:13] was carnage. 是杀戮
[1:46:16] Shia versus Sunni. 什叶派对抗逊尼派
[1:46:19] The West versus Islam. 西方对抗伊斯兰教
[1:46:23] And death versus life. 死亡与生命的较量
[1:46:27] And on top of that, 除此之外
[1:46:28] US forces couldn’t find any WMDs 美军没有找到任何大规模杀伤性武器
[1:46:31] or nuclear programs in Iraq. 亦或是伊拉克的核项目
[1:46:34] Turns out that Saddam and his sons 结果显示萨达姆和他的儿子们
[1:46:36] mostly liked cocaine 最喜欢可卡因
[1:46:37] and American movies from the ’80s. 以及80年代的美国电影
[1:46:40] Vice President Dick Cheney 副总统迪克·切尼
[1:46:41] is being sued by Valerie Plame 被瓦莱丽·普拉姆起诉
[1:46:44] and her husband Joseph Wilson. 还有她的丈夫约瑟夫·威尔逊
[1:46:47] The White House announced 白宫宣布
[1:46:48] four cabinet resignations 四位内阁成员辞职
[1:46:49] including that of Secretary of State Colin Powell. 其中包括国务卿科林·鲍威尔
[1:46:52] Dick. 迪克
[1:46:54] Look, I hope there’s no hard feelings 听着 我希望不要觉得难受
[1:46:56] about us investigating the no-bid Iraq contract 关于我们调查哈里伯顿公司的伊拉克无标合同
[1:46:59] for Halliburton. 伊拉克无标合同
[1:47:00] You know, I’m just doing my job. 你知道 这是工作需要
[1:47:03] Go fuck yourself. 去你妈的
[1:47:14] Dick Cheney emerges from the dugout 迪克·切尼从休息区出来
[1:47:16] on the third base side. 在三垒区边上
[1:47:18] There’s a lot of energy that follows any opener, 在开场之后大家蓄势待发
[1:47:21] whether it be the opener to the regular season 不确定是否是常规赛季的开场
[1:47:23] or, in this case, the home opener 或者 在这种情况下 家庭开场白
[1:47:25] for the Washington Nationals. 对于华盛顿国民来说的
[1:47:27] But there’s continued buildup, Eddie, for this team 但是这支队伍还在上升期 埃迪
[1:47:30] because of the success they had last year in drawing some pretty good numbers. 因为他们去年成功的取得过很好的成绩
[1:47:41] Dick Cheney, a little bit low and outside. 迪克·切尼低头出局
[1:47:44] Iraq War, now proven to be false. 伊拉克战争现在被证明是错误的
[1:47:47] There is a chorus of people calling for 越来越多民众希望看到副总统迪克·切尼
[1:47:49] Vice President Dick Cheney to step aside and resign. 可以下台然后重新选举
[1:47:52] These issues may not be resolved for some time. 这些请愿很难在短时间内被执行
[1:47:54] Go away! 滚开
[1:48:04] I swear to God 我向上帝发誓
[1:48:05] this whole place is turning against me. 这里所有人都在反对我
[1:48:12] Where are you? 你在哪儿
[1:48:12] -I’m in an empty office 我在一个没人的办公室里
[1:48:14] just trying to get a clean phone line. 找一条不被监听的线路
[1:48:15] Listen, if we could just get an air bombardment in Iraq, 听着 如果我们能对伊拉克进行空袭
[1:48:20] I think it would make a statement 我认为这会是一个转机
[1:48:21] and it would give us some political cover. 我们会得到一些政治庇护
[1:48:23] It’s over, Don. 结束了 唐
[1:48:25] What’s that? 这算什么
[1:48:27] What is? 算什么
[1:48:29] It’s over. 结束了
[1:48:30] President wants you to step down. 总统希望你离职
[1:48:32] He appreciates your service. 他感谢你的付出
[1:48:39] Don? 唐
[1:48:43] Well, does, uh… 嗯 是的
[1:48:46] Bush’s kid want me out or do you? 是小布什要我出局还是你
[1:48:52] I can’t win every fight, Don. 我不可能每次都赢 唐
[1:48:54] You are a little piece of shit. 你真是个混蛋
[1:48:58] Wow. How did you become such a cold son of a bitch? 天呐 你怎么变成这么冷酷的混蛋的
[1:49:02] I’m sorry, Don. 对不起 唐
[1:49:04] I really am. 我确实是一个混蛋
[1:49:08] Well, you know how I know you’re not? 你知道为什么我觉得不是你让我辞职的吗
[1:49:11] ‘Cause I wouldn’t be. 因为如果是我 我不会这么做
[1:49:19] Think they’ll prosecute us? 他们会起诉我们吗
[1:49:25] Okay, then. 就这样吧
[1:49:53] I, Barack Hussein Obama, do solemnly swear… 我 巴拉克·侯赛因·奥巴马 郑重宣誓
[1:49:56] That I will execute the office of president to the United States faithfully. 我必忠实执行合众国总统职务
[1:50:08] Few years later, 几年后
[1:50:10] Dick’s heart trouble started up again. 迪克的心脏病又发作了
[1:50:13] And with no donor available, 在没有捐赠者的情况下
[1:50:16] he finally found himself at death’s door. 他意识到自己将要死了
[1:50:26] Well? 怎么样
[1:50:28] I wish I had– I had better news. 我真的希望我有一个好的消息
[1:50:31] Your heart just isn’t pumping enough oxygen 你的心脏供氧不足
[1:50:33] to keep your vital organs alive. 导致你的其他器官难以维持功能
[1:50:37] Should I call for a minister? 需要我通知部长这个消息吗
[1:50:39] No, no. He’s not going anywhere. 不 不 他不会死的
[1:50:45] Okay, then. 好吧
[1:50:50] Dick Cheney, 迪克·切尼
[1:50:51] you are not going anywhere, do you hear me? 你绝对不能死 听见了吗
[1:50:55] You’re not going anywhere. 你不能死
[1:50:56] This may be the, uh… 这可能
[1:50:59] one time, I, uh, 这一次 我
[1:51:00] I can’t do… 我做不到
[1:51:03] what your mother says, girls. 遵从你们妈妈说的 姑娘们
[1:51:15] I love you, Daddy. 我爱你 爸爸
[1:51:16] -CHENEY: I love you, Mary. – 切尼 我爱你 玛丽
[1:51:18] I love you, Lizzie. 我爱你 丽丝
[1:51:20] And we love you so much. 我们非常爱你
[1:51:24] We love you so much. 我们非常爱你
[1:51:25] My girls. 我的女儿们
[1:51:33] I love you, girls. 我爱你们 女孩们
[1:51:48] So Dick Cheney told his family that 所以迪克·切尼告诉他的家人
[1:51:51] he was ready to die 他已经准备迎接死亡了
[1:51:53] and that he wasn’t afraid. 他并不害怕
[1:51:55] He told them he had lived a full life 他告诉他们他活的很充实
[1:51:58] and that he had zero regrets… 他没有任何遗憾
[1:52:52] Vice President Cheney, cross your arms, please. 副总统 请交叉双臂
[1:52:56] There you go. Okay, on a count of three. 我们准备 好 数三下
[1:52:59] One, two, three. 一 二 三
[1:53:04] They say my heart could give him another ten years. 他们说我的心脏可以让他再活十年
[1:53:08] Cheney doesn’t like to refer to it as someone else’s heart. 切尼不喜欢说这是别人的心脏
[1:53:12] He likes to refer to it as his new heart. 他喜欢把它称为他新的心脏
[1:53:17] Which, even though I’m dead, I have to say… 即使我死了 我也不得不说
[1:53:20] still makes me feel pretty shitty. 这让我觉得很恶心
[1:53:24] And so, when Liz decided to run for one of 所以 当Liz决定竞争竞选怀俄明州的
[1:53:28] Wyoming’s two Senate seats 两个参议院席位时
[1:53:30] against Republican incumbent Mike Enzi, 对抗现任共和党的迈克·恩慈
[1:53:33] our Dick was right there 我们的迪克就在那里
[1:53:35] to hopefully see the Cheney legacy of power continue. 希望看到切尼家族的政治影响力可以延续
[1:53:39] Are you aware Wyoming Senate candidate Liz Cheney 你们知道怀俄明州参议员候选人丽丝·切尼
[1:53:42] supports gay marriage? 支持同性婚姻吗
[1:53:43] Her sister is married to another woman, 她妹妹和一个女人结婚了
[1:53:45] and Liz Cheney refuses to support 丽丝·切尼拒绝支持
[1:53:47] a constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage. 同性婚姻禁令的宪法修正案
[1:53:50] Instead, she equivocates, 而现在她闪烁其词
[1:53:52] claiming it’s a states rights issue. 声称这是美国民权问题
[1:53:54] Don’t you agree Wyoming deserves a senator 你们难道不认为怀俄明州希望
[1:53:56] who believes marriage should be between a man and a woman? 有一个支持异性婚姻的参议议员吗
[1:53:59] These calls went to every house in Wyoming. 这个消息传到怀俄明州的每家每户
[1:54:03] Every single house. 每栋房子里
[1:54:08] I will never win. 我将不会赢得竞选
[1:54:11] What are we gonna do? 我们该怎么办
[1:54:16] O2 monitor is steady. 氧气监测仪稳定
[1:54:21] We’re joined here 我们今天会和
[1:54:22] today by Liz Cheney, 丽丝·切尼在一起
[1:54:23] who is running for the Senate from the state of Wyoming. 她正在参选怀俄明州参议员
[1:54:26] According to one poll, 根据一项民意调查
[1:54:28] she is behind by double digits. 她目前落后两个点
[1:54:31] Welcome. 欢迎
[1:54:32] Thank you for having me here, Chris. 谢谢你的邀请 克里斯
[1:54:33] Great to be with you. 很高兴见到你
[1:54:34] And may I point out, there are other polls 请允许我指出 一些其他的选票
[1:54:36] that have me much closer. 让我的支持率又上升一些
[1:54:38] Your opponent, Senator Mike Enzi, 你的对手 参议员迈克·恩慈
[1:54:39] claims that you support gay marriage 声称你支持同性婚姻
[1:54:42] in part, because… 部分原因是
[1:54:44] you support your gay sister 你支持你的同性恋妹妹
[1:54:46] Mary’s union with her wife. Mary和她妻子的结合
[1:54:47] I think she’s coming off very well. 我觉得她看上去非常好
[1:54:48] How do you respond? 你怎么回答
[1:54:49] Let me be very, very clear. 我要非常坚决的表明
[1:54:54] I do not support gay marriage. 我不支持同性婚姻
[1:54:57] I believe that marriage is between a man and a woman. 我相信婚姻只是存在男女之间的
[1:55:01] But you’ve always claimed 但你之前一直声称
[1:55:03] gay marriage is a state issue. 同性婚姻是一个民权问题
[1:55:04] Your opponent claims this is an equivocation. 你的对手表示这是在混淆概念
[1:55:08] All right, I’m cutting the aorta. 好吧 我要切除主动脉
[1:55:09] Do you have the specimen bowl ready? 标本碗准备好了吗
[1:55:11] It’s on the field. 在操作台上了
[1:55:12] All right. Here’s the heart. 好的 这是心脏
[1:55:14] The thing is, Mom, I know that Liz wouldn’t have done 妈妈 我知道如果你和爸爸不同意的话
[1:55:15] any of this if you and Dad didn’t approve. Liz不会说她反对同性恋的
[1:55:17] So… 所以
[1:55:19] I can’t believe you would do th– 我不敢相信你们会这么做
[1:55:20] I really thought there was a limit to– 我真的以为你们是有底线的
[1:55:22] No, now you’re just being hysterical, 不 现在的你在抓狂
[1:55:25] and I can’t talk to you when you get this way. 你一直这样的话我不能和你沟通
[1:55:27] You need to settle down. Okay? 你需要冷静下来 可以吗
[1:55:30] You’re being hysterical. 你现在很情绪化
[1:55:31] Bypass is on standby. 分流准备
[1:55:34] Is it in three? 三个都要吗
[1:55:35] I’ll have it waiting right here. 我会一直等你们的消息
[1:56:12] All right, some suction. Some suction. 好吧 吸一点 加大吸力
[1:56:14] Damn. 该死
[1:56:48] All right. We’re almost there. 好的 我们就快完成了
[1:57:03] Dad. 爸爸
[1:57:25] Just breathe, baby. I love you. 深呼吸 宝贝 我爱你
[1:58:27] Patient’s heart rate is stable. 病人心率稳定
[1:58:30] Blood pressure increasing. 血压升高
[1:58:33] I’m gonna notify the family. 我去通知病人家属
[1:58:34] What should I tell them? 我需要告诉他们什么
[1:58:35] Tell them the patient’s doing well. 告诉他们病人情况良好
[1:58:37] Okay. -SURGEON: We should be done in a half-hour. 好的 – 医生 在半小时结束
[1:59:11] Mr. Vice President. 副总裁先生
[1:59:12] This must be the right place. 我应该坐这里吧
[1:59:14] Yes. 对
[1:59:15] Hi. 你好
[1:59:17] Pleasure. 我的荣幸
[1:59:18] Have a seat right there. 请坐在这
[1:59:21] So, um, is it gonna be just, uh, me on camera or… 那么 嗯 是只有我在摄像机里还是
[1:59:26] Primarily you. We’ll cut back to me. 主要是您 我的镜头会单独剪辑
[1:59:29] Eddie’s got you with the A camera. Eddie在用A镜头拍您
[1:59:30] I’m just gonna be… All right. 我只是想说 好的
[2:00:02] Ready? -Hmm. 准备好了吗 – 嗯
[2:00:06] Two-thirds of Americans say 三分之二的美国人说
[2:00:07] the Iraq War is not worth fighting. 伊拉克战争是不值得打的
[2:00:11] And they’re looking at the value gained versus 他们认为从战争中获得的利益和美国以及
[2:00:14] the cost in American lives and Iraqi lives. 伊拉克人民付出的生命相比是不值一提的
[2:00:17] So? 那么
[2:00:20] So, don’t you care what the American people think? 所以 你不在乎美国人民的想法吗
[2:00:24] No, uh, I think you, uh, 不 我认为你们
[2:00:28] cannot be, uh, 不能
[2:00:31] blown off course. 偏离核心
[2:00:41] I can feel your recriminations… 我能感觉到你们的指责
[2:00:46] and your judgment… 和你们的批判
[2:00:49] and I am fine with it. 我对此可以理解
[2:00:53] You want to be loved, go be a movie star. 如果你想要被爱 去当电影明星吧
[2:00:58] The world is as you find it. 这个世界就像你看到的
[2:01:01] You gotta deal with that reality. 你必须面对现实
[2:01:04] And there are monsters in this world. 这个世界上还有很多怪物
[2:01:07] We saw 3,000 innocent people 我们看到3000个无辜的人
[2:01:12] burned to death by those monsters. 被那些禽兽活活烧死
[2:01:15] And yet you object… 当我拒绝和那些禽兽同流合污时
[2:01:18] when I refuse to kiss those monsters on the cheek 你们依然在反对我
[2:01:22] and say “pretty please.” 然后还对我说 请做个好人
[2:01:24] You answer me this. 你来回答我
[2:01:26] What terrorist attack would you have let go forward 什么样的恐怖袭击你会放任不管
[2:01:31] so you wouldn’t seem like a mean and nasty fella? 然后你依然看起来不像个卑鄙下流的家伙
[2:01:37] I will not apologize… 我不会道歉
[2:01:40] for keeping your family safe. 因为保护了你家人的安全
[2:01:43] And I will not apologize… 我不会道歉
[2:01:46] for doing what needed to be done… 因为做了一些必选要被做的事
[2:01:50] so that your loved ones 可以让你所爱的人
[2:01:52] can sleep peaceably at night. 晚上可以安心睡觉
[2:02:01] Has been my honor… 做你的仆人
[2:02:04] to be your servant. 是我的荣幸
[2:02:07] You chose me… 是你们选择了我
[2:02:10] and I did what you asked. 我是按你们的要求做了
[2:02:53] ♪ I like the island Manhattan 我喜欢曼哈顿岛
[2:02:58] I know you do. 我知道你也喜欢
[2:02:59] ♪ Smoke on your pipe 点燃你的烟斗
[2:03:02] ♪ And put that in! 放进烟草
[2:03:09] ♪ I like to be in America 我喜欢在美国
[2:03:11] ♪ Okay by me in America 好吧 我在美国
[2:03:13] ♪ Everything free in America 美国一切都是的自由的
[2:03:16] ♪ For a small fee in America 在美国只需支付少量生活费
[2:03:21] ♪ Automobile in America 美国的汽车
[2:03:24] ♪ Chromium steel in America 美国铬钢
[2:03:26] ♪ Wire-spoke wheel in America ♪ 美国的钢丝辐条车轮
[2:03:29] ♪ Very big deal in America! 都是美国重要的产业
[2:03:56] ♪ Immigrant goes to America 移民去美国
[2:03:58] ♪ Many hellos in America 美国非常的友好
[2:04:00] ♪ Nobody knows in America 在美国没人知道
[2:04:03] ♪ Wall-to-wall floors in America! ♪ 美国的房子也很好
[2:04:10] ♪ I like the shores of America! ♪ 我喜欢美国的海岸
[2:04:12] ♪ Comfort is yours in America! ♪ 舒适的美国属于你
[2:04:14] ♪ Knobs on the doors in America ♪ 敲响美国的大门
[2:04:17] ♪ Wall-to-wall floors in America! ♪ 美国的房子非常好
[2:05:07] Sorry to interrupt, 抱歉打断一下
[2:05:07] But Mark wanted to share something with everyone. 马克想要和大家分享一些想法
[2:05:10] Something’s been bothering me this whole movie, 整部电影里一些东西困扰我
[2:05:12] and I just figured it out. 我刚想到了
[2:05:14] The whole thing’s liberal. 一切都很自由主义
[2:05:16] It’s got a liberal bias. 这是一种自由主义偏见
[2:05:18] Interesting. Does anyone else feel that way? 很好 其他人有这种感觉吗
[2:05:22] One, two, three, four people. 一 二 三 四个人
[2:05:23] Yeah, go ahead. 好的 继续吧
[2:05:24] It’s all facts. Right? 这都是事实 对吗
[2:05:27] I mean, they had to vet all this with a lawyer. 我是说他们必须和律师一起审查这一切
[2:05:29] How does that make it… 这是怎么做到的
[2:05:30] -What’s liberal about that? – 自由主义是什么
[2:05:31] -You would say that, lib-tard. – 你当然会这么说的 Lib Tard
[2:05:33] Okay, I’m sorry. 好吧 对不起
[2:05:35] So, because I have the ability to understand facts, 所以 因为我有权利去了解事实
[2:05:37] How does that make it… 这是怎么做到的
[2:05:39] Okay, guys, let’s just take it down. 好吧 伙计们 让我慢慢说
[2:05:40] You probably like Hillary. 你可能喜欢Hiliary
[2:05:42] Idiot. 白痴
[2:05:44] Okay, first of all, 好吧 首先
[2:05:45] Hillary’s not president. Okay? Hillary不是总统 对不对
[2:05:46] The-the-the orange Cheeto that you hired 你选择的橘色奇多
[2:05:49] is the president and he’s ruining the country… 作为总统他正在毁灭国家
[2:05:50] Trump is the best thing in this country. 川普是这个国家最好的
[2:05:52] You chicken-shit! 你这个混蛋
[2:05:54] John! Now, come in, please. 约翰 现在请进来
[2:05:55] Hey, guys, come on. 嘿 伙计们 来吧
[2:05:57] Guys! Guys! -Stop it. 伙计们 伙计们 住手
[2:05:58] Knock it off! 把它关掉
[2:06:00] I can’t wait to see the new Fast and the Furiousmovie. 我迫不及待地想看这部最新的电影
[2:06:01] That looks lit. 看起来很棒
[2:12:23] Captioned by Point.360 标题按第360点
2018年

Post navigation

Previous Post: In America(前进天堂)[2002]电影台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
Next Post: Kung Fu Panda(功夫熊猫)[2008]电影台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Archives

  • July 2024
  • June 2024

Categories

  • 1931年
  • 1939年
  • 1941年
  • 1942年
  • 1943年
  • 1944年
  • 1948年
  • 1952年
  • 1953年
  • 1954年
  • 1955年
  • 1956年
  • 1957年
  • 1958年
  • 1959年
  • 1960年
  • 1961年
  • 1962年
  • 1963年
  • 1964年
  • 1966年
  • 1967年
  • 1968年
  • 1969年
  • 1970年
  • 1971年
  • 1972年
  • 1973年
  • 1974年
  • 1975年
  • 1976年
  • 1977年
  • 1978年
  • 1979年
  • 1980年
  • 1981年
  • 1982年
  • 1983年
  • 1984年
  • 1985年
  • 1986年
  • 1987年
  • 1988年
  • 1989年
  • 1990年
  • 1991年
  • 1992年
  • 1993年
  • 1994年
  • 1995年
  • 1996年
  • 1997年
  • 1998年
  • 1999年
  • 2000年
  • 2001年
  • 2002年
  • 2003年
  • 2004年
  • 2005年
  • 2006年
  • 2007年
  • 2008年
  • 2009年
  • 2010年
  • 2011年
  • 2012年
  • 2013年
  • 2014年
  • 2015年
  • 2016年
  • 2017年
  • 2018年
  • 2019年
  • 2020年
  • 2021年
  • 2022年
  • 2023年
  • 2024年
  • barui
  • Uncategorized
  • 一切安好
  • 中央公园
  • 亢奋
  • 亿万
  • 传世
  • 兄弟连
  • 克拉丽丝
  • 克拉克森的农场
  • 内裤队长
  • 副警长
  • 十字剑
  • 博斯
  • 卡特特工
  • 双城之战
  • 发展受阻
  • 叶卡捷琳娜大帝
  • 哈哈大校
  • 坏法官
  • 坏老师
  • 基本演绎法
  • 大城小妞
  • 大学生费莉希蒂
  • 大神偷卡门
  • 大西洋帝国
  • 天使在美国
  • 娃娃脸
  • 小小安妮
  • 小谎大事
  • 少年间谍亚历克斯
  • 布里奇顿
  • 幻灭
  • 废柴联盟
  • 康斯坦丁
  • 开心汉堡店
  • 德古拉
  • 德里女孩
  • 怒呛人生
  • 恋爱挑战书
  • 惊异传奇
  • 惊悚50州
  • 意乱情迷
  • 成瘾剂量
  • 我为喜剧狂
  • 找寻自我
  • 摩斯探长前传
  • 教师情事
  • 敢不敢挑战我
  • 新成长的烦恼
  • 日常谜团
  • 明日传奇
  • 星际之门亚特兰蒂斯
  • 更美好的事
  • 末日巡逻队
  • 杀无赦
  • 柏林谍影
  • 死亡医师
  • 比弗利娇妻
  • 波士顿法律
  • 火线警告
  • 灵书妙探
  • 犯罪心理
  • 犯罪现场调查·拉斯维加斯
  • 犯罪现场调查·纽约篇
  • 犯罪现场调查迈阿密
  • 狂欢命案
  • 狄金森
  • 狗狗博客
  • 生活
  • 生活大爆炸
  • 眼见为虚
  • 破产姐妹
  • 破发点大满贯之路
  • 神烦警探
  • 红粉联盟
  • 绝命律师
  • 绝命毒师
  • 绝望的主妇
  • 绿箭侠
  • 罪恶黑名单
  • 美国众神
  • 美国恐怖故事
  • 美国罪案故事
  • 美女上错身
  • 美式主妇
  • 脆莓公园
  • 致命陷阱
  • 艾米丽在巴黎
  • 芝加哥急救
  • 芝加哥烈焰
  • 芝加哥警署
  • 蛇蝎女佣
  • 贴身保镖
  • 达芬奇的恶魔
  • 迷失
  • 逃离丹尼莫拉
  • 逝者之证
  • 郊狼
  • 金牌律师
  • 铁证悬案
  • 随性所欲
  • 零异频道
  • 马男波杰克
  • 鲍勃心动
  • 麻木不仁
  • 黑吃黑
  • 黑帆
  • 黑暗救赎
  • 黑色星期一
{"status":false,"code":5000,"msg":"失败"}

Copyright © 2025 英美剧电影台词站.

Powered by PressBook WordPress theme