英文名称:Vatel
年代:2000
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:21] | LAUZUN: April the 10th 1671. | 1671年4月10日 |
[00:25] | M. Le Prince de Condé | 康戴大亲王 |
[00:28] | his Majesty gives me reasons to believe that he would accept | 国王陛下给了我充分的理由,使我相信 |
[00:31] | an invitation to visit you at Chantilly. | 他会接受邀请去香蒂伊拜访您 |
[00:34] | The visit will last 3 days. | 访问的时间是三天 |
[00:37] | The King instructs me to say that he wants no fuss. | 国王告诉我说,他不想被打扰 |
[00:40] | Merely the simple pleasures of life in the country. | 只想享受一下乡村生活的乐趣 |
[00:43] | In other words, | 换句话说 |
[00:44] | if you value his Majesty’s favor, | 如果你知道陛下的喜好…… |
[00:46] | you will set no limit… | 所以没必要限制…… |
[00:48] | to the extravagance and ingenuity of the festivities. | 宴会的豪华程度。把活动安排得精巧些 |
[00:53] | I will present myself beforehand to approve the arrangements. | 我会提前到那儿审查活动的安排 |
[00:57] | Marquis de Lauzun, | 洛桑侯爵 |
[01:00] | in the service of his Majesty, Louis XIV of France. | 法国路易十四国王陛下的仆人 |
[01:08] | 主演:杰拉尔·德帕迪约 | |
[01:19] | 乌玛·瑟曼 | |
[01:20] | [Footsteps approaching] | |
[01:30] | 蒂姆·罗斯 | |
[01:46] | 导演:罗兰德·托菲 | |
[01:55] | 巴黎春梦 / 欲望巴黎 / 烈爱灼身 | |
[02:30] | On that table! | 放到桌子上 |
[02:34] | – Good morning, Monsieur. | – 早上好,先生 – 早上好,先生 – Good morning, Monsieur. |
[02:35] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[02:40] | CONDé: The Princess’s apartments are at the disposal of the Queen. | 公主的房间到时候由王后来安排 |
[02:44] | Naturally I shall place mine at the disposal of his Majesty. | 自然我要看陛下的意思 |
[02:56] | From the King’s anti-chambre, we pass through the music room. | 等一会儿国王到了,要先经过音乐室 |
[03:00] | And next, | 然后…… |
[03:02] | to the apartments of the Queen. | 是王后的房间 |
[03:11] | CONDé: Her Majesty’s bedroom, | 这是她的寝室 |
[03:16] | drawing room, | 绘画室 |
[03:17] | and a further bedroom beyond for her Majesty’s lady-in-waiting. | 还有一间安排给陛下的随身侍女 |
[03:22] | Lady-in-waiting. Madame de Montausier. | 随身侍女,蒙特西尔夫人 |
[03:26] | Madame de Montausier. | 蒙特西尔夫人 |
[03:28] | Anne de Montausier. | 安妮·蒙特西尔 |
[03:37] | CONDé: Her Majesty will be comfortable, | 王后陛下会感到很舒服…… |
[03:39] | and convenient. | 很方便 |
[03:41] | LAUZUN: The King won’t be going to her bed, he did his duty 2 clays ago. | 国王不会和王后同床。他们两天前已经快乐过了 |
[03:45] | Remarkably well informed. | 消息真灵通 |
[03:47] | The Queen confesses the morning after… | 王后说是在那天早上…… |
[03:49] | – When was it? – VALET: Monday. | – 什么时候? – 星期一 |
[03:52] | CONDé: Remarkably well informed… | 消息真灵通 |
[03:55] | CONDé: This room is to serve as the Council Chamber and… | 这个房间用作会议厅…… |
[03:59] | the King’s bedroom. | 接下来是国王的寝室 |
[04:03] | And a second bedroom through here, | 走过去是第二寝室 |
[04:06] | with access also from the private corridor. | 通过专用走廊也能进去 |
[04:11] | And this of course, | 这个房间…… |
[04:14] | we have allocated to the Duchesse de la Valliere. | 当然是分给维利亚公爵夫人的 |
[04:30] | No. | 不 |
[04:33] | No. | 不 |
[04:34] | This room is for the Marquise de Montespan. | 这个房间要留给蒙特斯潘侯爵夫人 |
[04:54] | CONDé: And La Valliere? | 那维利亚夫人怎么办? |
[04:56] | LAUZUN: Anywhere. Put her in the attic. | 哪儿都行,让她住阁楼吧 |
[04:58] | I prefer it, M. Le Prince, if my rooms were north facing. | 大亲王,我想要窗户朝北的房间 |
[05:02] | – I don’t like the sun coming in. – CONDé: Your rooms, Lauzun? | – 我不喜欢阳光直射室内 – 你要这样的房间,洛桑? |
[05:05] | I myself will manage with only one room for three days… | 我会给你安排这三天的房间…… |
[05:08] | as well as the Princess. | 要与公主的一样 |
[05:10] | Every corner and cupboard is spoken for. | 每个角落都要打扫干净 |
[05:12] | Even so to accommodate the Court we have to use every farmhouse… | 要安排宫里所有的人,我们不得不动用了…… |
[05:15] | for miles around. | 附近几英里的农舍 |
[05:20] | VATEL: MY room? | 我的房间? |
[05:22] | No. I won’t have you disturbed, Vatel. | 不,我不会让你受打扰的,瓦泰尔 |
[05:26] | Condé: You haven’t slept for a week as it is. | 你已经一周没睡觉了 |
[05:31] | Have that cleaned! | 把这个擦干净 |
[05:46] | VATEL: The first day. The glory of sun, the bounty of nature. | 第一天,享受阳光和大自然的恩赐 |
[05:51] | Trees, birds, butterflies, | 绿树,小鸟,蝴蝶…… |
[05:55] | fruits and flowers. | 水果和鲜花 |
[06:03] | VATEL: The second day, on the lake, | 第二天,在湖上…… |
[06:06] | fireworks. The sun banishes the night. | 烟花。阳光驱走了黑夜 |
[06:11] | The lamps are on their way from Paris now. | 灯正从巴黎运来 |
[06:15] | For Friday, the fish banquet will be presented on a sea of ice. | 星期五,要在一片冰海上进行盛大的鱼晚宴 |
[06:19] | Neptune’s tribute to Helios, the Sun God. | 尼普顿献给太阳神赫利俄斯的礼物 |
[06:23] | The King will catch cold. | 国王会感冒的 |
[06:25] | No, my prince. The braziers will be lit one hour before the banquet. | 不会的,大亲王。宴会开始前先烧一个小时的火盆 |
[06:30] | Then the ice will melt. | 那冰就化了 |
[06:33] | I have forbidden it to melt, my Prince. | 不会,我不允许它化,大亲王 |
[06:35] | Ha ha ha. Well, our fate is in your hands. | 哈哈哈,那,我们的命运就掌握在你的手里了 |
[06:51] | The first day, noon. | 第一天中午 |
[07:37] | Good day to you. | 你们好 |
[07:38] | GOURVlLLE: Now, how can I help you? | 有什么事吗? |
[07:40] | ALCALET: Excuse me, sir, but we’ll only talk to the top, nobody else. | 对不起,先生,我们只和最有权力的人说话,别人谁也不行 |
[07:45] | I regret his Majesty is busy at this moment. | 很遗憾,国王陛下现在很忙 |
[07:48] | His host, the Prince de Condé likewise. | 男主人康戴大亲王也很忙 |
[07:51] | Not them. | 不找他们 |
[07:52] | The man in charge, | 我们找这儿负责的人…… |
[07:54] | the Master of Pleasures and Festivities: Vatel. | 负责这儿一切活动安排的瓦泰尔 |
[07:56] | Oh, Vatel. | 哦,瓦泰尔 |
[07:58] | Slightly more difficult. | 这还更难一点 |
[08:00] | Yeah. I’ll see what I can do. Please follow. | 是啊。我看看能否帮上忙。请跟我来 |
[08:03] | – How many geese? – 60, Monsieur. | – 多少只鹅? – 60只,先生 |
[08:08] | ALCALET: Monsieur Vatel. | 瓦泰尔先生 |
[08:10] | Monsieur Vatel. | 瓦泰尔先生 |
[08:13] | You’re trespassing here, M. Alcalet. | 你们非法闯入这里,阿卡列特先生 |
[08:15] | All of us are owed money. | 你欠我们所有人的钱 |
[08:17] | Yes. | 对 |
[08:17] | We’ve come to tell you. From this moment, nothing on credit. | 我们来告诉你,从现在起,任何东西都不能记账 |
[08:22] | MAN: Nothing. | 任何东西 |
[08:23] | ALCALET:Not a single cabbage leaf or a cracked coffee cup… | 一片卷心菜叶,或一个打破的咖啡杯…… |
[08:27] | or a table napkin, nothing, until our bills are paid! | 或是一张餐巾,什么都不行!直到你付清我们所有的欠款! |
[08:29] | – Exactly. – Pay up! | – 没错 – 还钱! |
[08:42] | ALCALET: We have businesses to run and families to provide for. | 我们要做生意,要养家糊口 |
[08:46] | – When will we get what we’re owed? – VATEL: What you are owed now is true. | – 我们什么时候才能拿到欠我们的钱 – 我们确实欠你们的钱 |
[08:50] | As things stand, we cannot honor our debts. | 可你们现在的做法使我们无法还欠款 |
[08:53] | Not for the months and years gone by, still less for these festivities. | 用几个月甚至几年也不能还,这一次庆典不搞完更不行 |
[08:57] | We cannot pay you a single sou, | 我们一分钱也不会还给你们…… |
[08:59] | nor will we ever. | 知道吗?不会 |
[09:01] | You have only one chance of getting your money. | 你们只有一个机会能拿到钱 |
[09:04] | By giving me everything I ask for, instantly. | 那就是把我要的每一樣东西马上送过来 |
[09:07] | And of the very best quality and then more of the same. | 而且是质量最好的,再送更多的过来 |
[09:10] | This visit is a reconciliation. | 这次來訪是个和解 |
[09:12] | If the King is pleased by the festivities, | 如果国王对宴会感到满意的话…… |
[09:14] | then the royal coffers will open. | 皇家就会打开金库 |
[09:17] | It’s up to you. | 你们自己决定 |
[09:22] | If we give you more credit, will we get our money back? | 如果让你欠更多的债,我们怎么会知道能把钱拿回来? |
[09:26] | The Prince has said so. | 亲王是这么说的 |
[09:29] | My master is a man of honor. | 我的主人是个有信誉的人 |
[09:31] | On that I stake my life. You will be paid. | 我可以用性命担保,一定会还你们钱 |
[09:42] | Excellent. Excellent. | 非常好。非常好 |
[09:46] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[09:47] | Monsieur. | 先生 |
[09:48] | – Monsieur Vatel. – Hello, monsieur. | – 瓦泰尔先生 – 你好,先生 |
[09:50] | MAN: Very good. | 非常好 |
[10:19] | Are you going down, Madame? I’m going up. | 你要下楼吗,夫人?我正要上去 |
[10:22] | Oh. | 哦 |
[10:30] | 王后陛下 | |
[10:37] | QUEEN: Where is Montausier? | 蒙特西尔哪儿去了? |
[10:39] | Explain to her the Queen does not wait on her lady-in-waiting! | 跟她说清楚,王后可不会伺候她这个宫廷侍女! |
[10:54] | Forgive me, Madame. Oh, please. | 原谅我,夫人。哦,请让我来 |
[10:58] | Let me… | 请让我来…… |
[11:07] | Allow me. | 让我来 |
[11:18] | I hope your birds will be happy with us. | 我希望你的小鸟和我们在一起过得愉快 |
[11:31] | WOMAN: Madame. | 夫人 |
[11:47] | – That’s good. – Oui, Monsieur. | – 很好 – 是的,先生 |
[11:49] | What do you think, your Highness? | 你觉得怎么样,殿下? |
[11:52] | Effiat, Monsieur has chosen the boy already. | 艾斐亚特,殿下已经选好男孩了 |
[12:00] | Here we are! | 我们到了! |
[12:01] | Ah, yes. Put him in with the fruit… | 啊,对。把他跟水果放进去…… |
[12:05] | MAN: There, you need a wash. | 你需要洗个澡 |
[12:08] | MAN: All right, boy. Let’s clean you. | 好了,孩子,让我们帮你洗干净 |
[12:13] | Effiat, get in! Get in with… | 艾斐亚特,你也进去,进浴桶去…… |
[12:16] | with him. | 和他一起 |
[12:22] | Monsieur, the King’s brother wants him for his page. | 先生,国王陛下的弟弟想让他去当侍从 |
[12:27] | He chose me. | 他选中了我 |
[12:31] | Get him dressed and put him to work. | 给他穿好衣服,让他去工作 |
[12:40] | And… | 那…… |
[12:41] | What would you have me tell his Highness, | 你让我怎么向殿下说呢? |
[12:44] | the King’s brother? | 就是国王的弟弟? |
[12:45] | Tell him I don’t get my boys from his boudoir. | 告诉他,我不从他的闺房里挖人 |
[12:49] | And he won’t get his from my kitchen. | 他也不能从我的厨房里挖人 |
[12:54] | Yes. | 好吧 |
[12:56] | Indeed, I will. | 我会转告他的 |
[13:09] | It’s not very wise upsetting… | 如果让国王的弟弟不高兴…… |
[13:11] | the King’s brother, you know. | 那是极不聪明的做法 |
[13:13] | He could make things go badly for us if he chooses. | 如果让他找我们的碴儿,事情就不好办了 |
[13:16] | Monsieur Vatel. | 瓦泰尔先生 |
[13:18] | The Princess… | 公主…… |
[13:20] | has been bitten… by a monkey! | 她被猴子……咬了! |
[13:40] | Master Steward, you’ve filled my garden with savage beasts! | 大管家,你怎么把我的花园里装满了野兽! |
[13:44] | I’ve been badly bitten. Where were you? | 我被咬坏了,你跑哪儿去了? |
[13:47] | Busy, your Highness. We have some unwelcome visitors. | 太忙了,殿下。来了几个不受欢迎的客人 |
[13:50] | Beggars? | 乞丐吗? |
[13:51] | Creditors. | 是债主 |
[13:53] | Creditors! | 债主! |
[13:57] | Doctor Bourdelot! | 波特洛医生! |
[14:01] | I’ve been badly bitten… | 我的胳膊…… |
[14:03] | on the arm. | 被咬坏了 |
[14:06] | They told me a poultice made of rose petals. | 他们跟我说有一种用玫瑰花瓣特制的药膏 |
[14:23] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么名字? |
[14:25] | François Vatel, Madame. | 弗朗索瓦·瓦泰尔,夫人 |
[14:40] | ANNE: Monsieur Vatel. | 瓦泰尔先生 |
[14:43] | ANNE: You were at Vaux-le-Vicomte 10 years ago. | 十年前你被封为子爵 |
[14:46] | Yes, Madame. I was steward to Nicolas Fouquet. | 是的,夫人。我当时是尼古拉斯·福凯的管家 |
[14:50] | His Majesty’s Minister of Finance. | 他是陛下的财政大臣 |
[14:54] | You mean his Majesty’s prisoner for life in the fortress of Pignerol. | 你指的是那个被陛下终身监禁在皮涅罗要塞的囚犯? |
[15:00] | That is so. | 是这样 |
[15:01] | That was my first banquet. | 那次是我第一次参加宴会 |
[15:04] | Six thousand guests to meet the King. | 六千位客人亲见国王 |
[15:08] | Diamonds and saddle horses given away as prizes in childish games. | 钻石和马被当作礼品发给参加游戏的人 |
[15:14] | That was overdoing it, don’t you think? | 做得有点太过分了,你不觉得吗? |
[15:17] | It showed how much Fouquet had been stealing. | 这表明福凯失去了多少东西 |
[15:30] | VATEL: Gourville, why has the King really come here? | 古威尔,国王为什么要来这儿? |
[15:33] | Revenge. | 报复 |
[15:34] | The King will never forget that Condé fought against him in the civil war. | 国王永远不会忘记康戴在内战中跟他打过仗 |
[15:38] | That was a long time ago. The King was a child. | 那是很久以前的事了。国王当时是个孩子 |
[15:41] | If there’s a war with the Dutch, the King will need Condé… | 要是和荷兰人打仗,国王需要康戴…… |
[15:44] | so your part in this, my dear Vatel, is to show the King… | 所以你的任务,亲爱的瓦泰尔,就是向国王展示…… |
[15:46] | we bow the head and bend the knee. | 我们的卑躬屈膝 |
[16:03] | I’m passing red hot stones. | 我正在过火焰山 |
[16:11] | – LOUIS: Condé! – Your Majesty. | – 康戴! – 陛下 |
[16:15] | LOUIS: What exactly do you need to borrow so much money for? | 你需要借这么多钱到底干什么用? |
[16:19] | The better to serve France, your Majesty. | 更好地为法国效劳,陛下 |
[16:32] | LOUIS: Well, our envoys from Holland aren’t here yet? | 荷兰的外交特使在哪儿?他们还没到吗? |
[16:35] | Not yet, your Majesty. | 还没到,陛下 |
[16:37] | LOUIS: Peace with the Dutch is good for nothing. Except tulips. | 与荷兰和平相处,除了能得到郁金香之外,再没别的好处 |
[16:45] | How many tulips do we have at Versailles? | 凡尔赛宫里有多少棵郁金香? |
[16:47] | Two million, Sire. | 两百万棵,陛下 |
[16:49] | And my gardener hates flowers. | 我的园丁不喜欢花 |
[16:51] | He would love a war with the Dutch. | 他想和荷兰打仗 |
[16:56] | COLBERT: Indeed, Sire. | 的确是这样的,陛下 |
[16:58] | But, would your Majesty please recall… | 可是陛下不要忘了…… |
[17:00] | that you have offered your daughter in marriage to William of Orange? | 你已经提出把女儿嫁给奥兰治的威廉亲王的 |
[17:05] | An invasion would not look well following a betrothal. | 订婚之后再入侵人家这样不太好吧 |
[17:09] | LOUIS: My daughter can’t even talk yet. Colbert. | 我的女儿还不会说话呢。科尔波特 |
[17:14] | No, we must secure our eastern frontier. | 不,我们必须保证东部前线的安全 |
[17:18] | Four days ride from Paris, we have a country of Republicans, Protestants… | 离巴黎四天的马程,我们有个满是拥护共和制、新教徒…… |
[17:22] | and printers of seditious pamphlets. | 和煽动性传单印刷商的国家 |
[17:32] | We have no better soldier than Condé… | 没有比康戴更好的战将了…… |
[17:35] | If there is a war, we’ll need him. | 我们需要他 |
[17:38] | He’s expensive. | 他要价很高 |
[17:41] | But if there’s peace… | 可是如果要是和平…… |
[17:46] | What do I say in the meantime? | 我又能说什么呢? |
[17:49] | Why Say anything? | 为什么要说什么呢? |
[17:53] | Your Majesty was invited here to enjoy yourself. | 陛下是应邀到这儿来玩的 |
[17:58] | Not for business. | 不是议政 |
[18:05] | MAN: Your Highness. | 殿下! |
[18:06] | CONDé: Are the musicians ready? | 乐师们准备好了吗? |
[18:08] | Yes, my Prince. | 好了,亲王 |
[18:08] | The king didn’t utter one civil word to me during council. | 国王没对我提过一句有关打仗的话 |
[18:11] | He kept muttering to Lauzun. | 他不停地和洛桑耳语 |
[18:13] | Bastard! | 混蛋! |
[18:15] | My son has died… | 我的孩子死在…… |
[18:17] | working your machines at Versailles! | 凡尔赛宫里调机器的时候! |
[18:22] | He died so you can have fountains at Versailles! | 他死了你们才能在凡尔赛宫有了喷泉! |
[18:28] | Have you no control over your people? | 你是怎么管理你的人的? |
[18:30] | His Majesty wants her flogged at once. | 陛下命令鞭打她,马上执行 |
[18:33] | See to it, Master Steward. | 马上去办,大管家 |
[18:34] | I’m not your Master of flogging madwomen, Prince. | 我不是你负责鞭打疯女人的管家,大亲王 |
[18:38] | A hundred lashes. | 打一百下 |
[18:41] | You know what’s at stake. Don’t weaken! | 你知道现在是关键时刻。别再软弱了! |
[18:45] | WOMAN: But he died! My son died… | 可他死了!我的儿子死了…… |
[18:47] | so the King can have his fountains! | 所以国王才能用得上喷泉! |
[18:50] | 你们这些魔鬼! | |
[18:59] | Monsieur Vatel. | 瓦泰尔先生 |
[19:05] | I am short of a page at my household at Saint Cloud. | 我在圣克劳德的家里缺一个侍从 |
[19:08] | You have a boy who might do apparently. | 你好像有个孩子可能能够胜任这项工作 |
[19:11] | Send him to my apartement and I’ll have a look at him. | 叫他到我书房去,我要好好看看他 |
[19:17] | Come, Lauzun, we have been promised music. | 走吧,洛桑,我们去听音乐吧 |
[19:19] | DUKE: Music is my weakness. | 音乐是我的弱项 |
[19:54] | The madwoman has been flogged, your Majesty. | 那个疯婆子已经受过鞭刑了,陛下 |
[19:58] | I ask your pardon. | 我求您宽恕 |
[19:59] | Madwoman? | 疯婆子? |
[20:01] | Don’t concern yourself, Prince. I recall no madwoman. | 别再为这事担心了,大亲王,我已经不记得了 |
[20:37] | There’s no sign of them. How long are they going to be? | 还不见他们的影子。还要多长时间才能来? |
[20:41] | You can’t hurry a King. | 你不能催促国王 |
[20:42] | Well, you can’t slow down a sunset! | 那你也不能叫太阳慢点落下! |
[21:02] | Madame… | 夫人…… |
[21:03] | Monsieur le Marquis? | 侯爵先生? |
[21:15] | The King sends you his compliments… | 国王让我转达他对你的赞美…… |
[21:20] | and he begs the favour of taking a cup of chocolate with you… | 并且请求你能赏脸午夜的时候他能到你房间…… |
[21:24] | in your room at midnight. | 去喝杯热巧克力 |
[21:27] | With me? | 和我? |
[21:31] | May I offer you my congratulations? | 我能向你表示恭喜吗? |
[21:38] | Although, as you can imagine, | 但是,你能想像得到…… |
[21:41] | this came as a great blow to me. | 这对我的打击非常大 |
[21:45] | After tonight, I cannot hope for deliverance… | 今晚之后,我得把自己从欲望之痛苦中解放出来…… |
[21:48] | from the pain of my own desires. | 就不抱任何希望 |
[21:53] | May I Suggest… | 我可否建议…… |
[21:56] | my rooms at ten? | 十点钟去我的房间? |
[21:59] | Alas, Monsieur, | 哎呀,先生…… |
[22:01] | at ten o’clock I have an even more attractive offer. | 十点钟我有个更诱人的约会 |
[22:05] | Her Majesty has asked me to de-louse her spaniel. | 王后陛下叫我去给她的西班牙猎犬抓虱子 |
[22:16] | [Whispering] Madame. | 夫人 |
[22:35] | BOY: Here, Marcel. And the rope. | 这里,马赛尔,还有绳子 |
[22:38] | GIRL: Monsieur Vatel. | 瓦泰尔先生 |
[23:10] | He’s coming! Thank God. | 他来了!谢天谢地 |
[23:11] | MAN: He’s here! | 他来了! |
[23:14] | Quicker! | 快点! |
[23:16] | Table one. | 一号桌 |
[23:19] | Shh! | 嘘! |
[24:59] | With your King, eat, drink… | 与你们的国王一起进餐吧…… |
[25:02] | and enjoy yourselves! | 尽情地享用吧! |
[25:13] | We have to be perfect. Go, go. Go, go! | 我们必须做得完美。去吧,去吧,去吧,快去! |
[25:41] | The Prince’s gout is bad. Tell Dr. Bourdelot. | 大亲王的痛风病又犯了。快去告诉波特洛医生 |
[25:44] | Madame de Courbe needs a new napkin. | 科波夫人需要一条新餐巾 |
[25:47] | Le Marquis d’Effiat wants his dish without coriander. | 艾斐亚特伯爵不让往他的盘里撒胡椒粉 |
[25:53] | MONTESPAN: Isn’t it to your taste, your Majesty? | 还合您的口味吗?陛下 |
[26:02] | Change Montespan for Montausier. | 让蒙特西尔和蒙特斯潘换位 |
[26:15] | You look pale, Prince. Are you ill? | 你看上去脸色苍白,大亲王,生病了吗? |
[26:18] | Your Majesty is gracious to enquire… | 陛下真是关心我…… |
[26:21] | Yes, indeed. | 是啊 |
[27:12] | I see we share the same taste. | 我发现我们的口味相同 |
[27:15] | Taste? | 口味? |
[27:18] | In women. | 对女人 |
[27:22] | There is a lady who has been rejecting my advances… | 有一位女士用一种非常刺激人的方式…… |
[27:25] | in a way which I find quite stimulating. | 拒绝我向她献殷勤 |
[27:31] | Her world is about to change. | 她的世界就要发生变化了 |
[27:34] | The King has asked for her tonight. | 国王今天夜里约了她 |
[27:38] | I suggest we mark the event. | 我建议把这记录下来 |
[27:42] | I want you to make a masterpiece. | 我想你给我做一个精美的蛋糕 |
[27:46] | Spun sugar, almond paste… | 用棉花糖、杏仁…… |
[27:48] | fruit, flowers. I’ll leave it to you. | 水果和鲜花。我交给你来办了 |
[27:50] | I’m not a patissier, Marquis. | 我又不是糕点师,侯爵 |
[27:53] | You were apprenticed at Eberhardt’s on the Ile Saint Louis. | 你在圣路易斯的艾伯哈特家当过学徒 |
[27:59] | I’ll be too busy. | 我太忙了 |
[28:02] | Ask someone else, Marquis. | 你让别人做吧,侯爵 |
[28:06] | Fruit and flowers in the colour of flesh and blood. | 用水果和鲜花,颜色要像血肉一样鲜红 |
[28:10] | LAUZUN: Flesh… | 像血肉…… |
[28:12] | and blood. | 一样红 |
[28:15] | I’ll send my valet in the morning. | 我早上派我的贴身男仆去取 |
[28:34] | Ha ha ha ha! [Glass breaking] | 哈哈哈哈! |
[28:44] | VATEL: Young sires, I ask you to behave yourselves! | 年轻的阁下们,我请求你们注意自己的行为举止! |
[28:47] | – BOY: Don’t you know who I am? – I do not have the honor. | – 难道你不知道我是谁吗? – 我没有这个荣幸 |
[28:50] | I am the Vicomte d’Amboise. | 我是安布伊斯子爵 |
[28:52] | And when I grow up, I’ll be the Duc de la Tremoille! | 长大后,我就是特瑞莫勒公爵! |
[28:55] | ANNE: In that case, it is not too soon to learn how to behave… | 如果是这样,你早就该像特瑞莫勒公爵…… |
[28:58] | like the Duc de la Tremoille. | 那样表现好一点 |
[29:05] | In truth, the Duc de la Tremoille behaves like a pig. | 实际上,特瑞莫勒公爵的行为就像猪一样 |
[29:09] | I thank you, Madame. | 谢谢你,夫人 |
[29:10] | The poorest of the poor picked those flowers, | 香蒂伊城里最穷的人采摘的这些花…… |
[29:13] | just for a few sous, | 只为挣几分钱…… |
[29:15] | to make the trees pretty for his Majesty… | 为陛下建成这么美的树…… |
[29:18] | and those sous were on credit. | 这点钱还是记账的 |
[29:20] | But the poor are happy to be the King’s creditors. | 但是穷人很高兴能成为国王的债主 |
[29:23] | It’s an honor they never dreamed of. | 这是他们梦寐以求的荣誉 |
[29:25] | Of course. | 当然 |
[29:27] | Both my parents were so honored they died of it. | 我的父母为此荣誉丧了命 |
[30:07] | DOCTOR: The Prince’s birds! | 亲王的鸟呢! |
[30:09] | Oh, God! I cannot believe this. | 天呐!真不敢相信 |
[30:13] | Where are my birds? | 亲王的鸟呢? |
[30:14] | MAN: The Vicomte ordered to let them go. | 是子爵命令把它们放走的 |
[30:17] | DOCTOR: The Vicomte? What Vicomte? | 子爵?什么子爵? |
[30:19] | MAN: The Vicomte d’Amboise and his sister. They ordered me. | 安布伊斯子爵和他的妹妹,是他们命令我放的 |
[30:23] | DOCTOR: But they’re children. Little children! | 可他们是孩子,他们只是小孩子! |
[30:25] | MAN: He is still a Vicomte. | 但他还是子爵呀 |
[30:27] | DOCTOR: But these are the birds of the Prince! | 但这些可是亲王的鸟啊! |
[30:35] | What am I going to do? | 我怎么办? |
[30:37] | I mean, it’s a disaster! | 要大祸临头了! |
[30:39] | I specially ordered those thrushes and larks for the Prince’s gout. | 我特地定了这些画眉和云雀为亲王治痛风 |
[30:45] | His gout is giving him agony today! What will I do? | 今天痛风让他十分烦躁!我该怎么办? |
[30:48] | Use something else. | 用点别的东西 |
[30:50] | DOCTOR: Ah, ha ha ha. | 啊哈哈哈 |
[30:51] | Use something else? Ha-ha! | 用别的东西?哈哈! |
[30:55] | Use something else! | 用别的东西! |
[30:58] | The heart torn from the living bird is the only treatment for gout. | 活鸟的心脏才是治疗痛风的唯一良药 |
[31:03] | Everyone knows that! | 所有人都知道这个! |
[31:05] | – Why not chickens? – DOCTOR: Chickens! | – 为什么不用鸡心? – 鸡心! |
[31:08] | He’s a Prince! | 他是亲王! |
[31:10] | Chicken hearts wouldn’t even cure a peasant! | 鸡心连农民的病都治不好! |
[31:12] | Monsieur Vatel. Monsieur Vatel. | 瓦泰尔先生,瓦泰尔先生 |
[31:27] | The King is bored. | 国王厌烦了 |
[31:30] | It’s a disaster for Condé. | 康戴要大福临头了 |
[31:46] | Are you trying to ruin me? | 你想毁了我吗? |
[31:48] | Your Highness? | 殿下? |
[31:50] | First that madwoman. | 先是那个疯女人 |
[31:51] | Now Marquis de Lauzun tells me you have been insolent. | 现在洛桑侯爵又来告诉我说你傲慢无礼 |
[31:55] | Insolent? | 傲慢无礼? |
[31:56] | You refused to be of service to him. | 说你拒绝为他服务 |
[32:00] | I refused to be his patissier. | 我拒绝为他做蛋糕 |
[32:06] | What is the matter with you? Lauzun has the King’s ear. | 你到底是怎么了?洛桑是国王的宠臣 |
[32:10] | For the next few clays, do what he asks. | 剩下来这几天,他叫你干什么就干什么 |
[32:13] | LOUIS: Bravo, Prince! Bravo! | 太好了,亲王!太好了! |
[33:08] | Gourville! Have they put you to spy on me? | 古威尔!是他们派你来监视我的? |
[33:11] | If they had, you’d be in the Bastille by now. | 如果真是那样,你现在早进巴士底监狱了 |
[33:14] | You despise them, don’t you? | 你鄙视他们,对吗? |
[33:16] | I don’t despise anyone who does his duty. | 我不鄙视尽事尽责的人 |
[33:20] | Tell me, Gourville, who is Anne de Montausier? | 古威尔,告诉我,安妮·蒙特西尔是什么人? |
[33:22] | Why? | 为什么问这个? |
[33:23] | How many times have I bitten my tongue? | 我还要沉默多少次? |
[33:27] | Now I snap at the only one who is humane to me. | 我要抓住这个情味十足的女人 |
[33:30] | She’s the tastiest morceau at court many have tasted, or so they say. | 据说她是宫里最有品味的女人,已经有许多人品尝过了 |
[33:34] | Where are we going? | 我们要去哪儿? |
[33:55] | Good. | 太好了 |
[33:56] | Yes, it’d better be perfect. | 是的,最好是完美无暇 |
[34:00] | Colbert is not in our camp. | 科尔波特不是我们阵营里的人 |
[34:01] | He’s hostile to our Prince gaining influence at Court. | 他对大亲王在宫中越来越有影响力这件事持有敌意 |
[34:07] | The Prince made a remark tonight about war… | 大亲王今晚对战争评论了一句话…… |
[34:09] | Well, there are rumours. | 是有谣言 |
[34:10] | – VATEL: Yes, but he is… – GOURVlLLE: Sick of war? | – 是的,可是他…… – 讨厌战争? |
[34:13] | So he is. | 他是这样 |
[34:15] | But he’s equally sick of being in debt. | 不过他也同样讨厌欠债 |
[35:34] | ANNE: Your Majesty. | 陛下 |
[35:40] | Madame de Montausier. | 蒙特西尔夫人 |
[35:51] | I’m concerned about the fish. | 我很担心鱼的事 |
[35:53] | I’ve sent to Dieppe for an extra cartload, | 我已经派人去迪耶普再拉一车鱼回来…… |
[35:56] | in case of storms off Le Havre. | 以防勒阿弗尔有暴风雨 |
[35:58] | You are my general. | 你是我的将军 |
[36:01] | The battle plan is yours to decide. | 作战计划由你来决定 |
[36:06] | What else? | 还有什么事吗? |
[36:07] | Nothing, unless it rains. | 没有了,除非天下雨 |
[36:11] | The carving squires will have to sleep in a stable, | 那些雕刻工匠只好睡在马厩里了…… |
[36:14] | but they’re Germans. | 不过他们是德国人 |
[36:17] | The lanterns arrive in the morning. | 灯笼明天早上就能运到 |
[36:19] | CONDé: Very good. | 很好 |
[36:19] | Well, I’ll leave it to you. | 我就交给你了 |
[36:22] | Go to bed, my friend. | 去睡吧,我的朋友 |
[36:28] | Vatel. | 瓦泰尔 |
[36:33] | You did well. | 你干得不错 |
[37:52] | The second day. | 第二天 |
[38:06] | COLIN: Can you tell me where Vatel is? | 你能告诉我瓦泰尔在哪儿吗? |
[38:09] | Over there. | 在那儿 |
[38:18] | You sent for me, Monsieur Vatel? | 你派人来找我吗?瓦泰尔先生 |
[38:25] | Food for cattle. | 那是牛马吃的 |
[38:28] | VATEL: Now we can feed cattle through the winter… | 现在我们能够养牛马,让它们过冬…… |
[38:31] | instead of slaughtering them every year. | 而不是每年把它们都杀掉 |
[38:34] | How many varieties of pear are there? | 一共有多少种梨? |
[38:37] | COLIN: There are 500 different kinds of pear. | 一共有五百种不同的梨 |
[38:42] | This is the best one. | 这是最好的一种 |
[38:43] | Its name is? | 它的名字叫? |
[38:45] | Bon Chrétien d’Hiver. | 赫里尚·德海沃甜梨 |
[38:47] | VATEL: And? | 还有呢? |
[38:49] | COLIN: It was known to the Romans. | 在罗马人中很有名 |
[38:52] | VATEL: Good. | 很好 |
[38:54] | COLIN: When I am rich, I’d like a garden like yours. | 等我有了钱,也要有一个像你那样的花园 |
[38:58] | VATEL: Ha ha. I hope so, Colin. I hope so. | 哈哈,我希望如此,科林。希望如此 |
[39:03] | Bravo, Colin. You made a good choice. | 太棒了,科林。你选得真好 |
[39:06] | The King will be pleased. | 国王一定会很满意 |
[39:09] | Colin, don’t leave the kitchen without my order. | 科林,没有我的命令,不要离开厨房 |
[39:13] | Vatel: Colin? | 科林? |
[39:37] | MAN: They were badly packed and the roads were bad… | 包装不好,路又不好走…… |
[39:48] | MAN: Monsieur Vatel. | 瓦泰尔先生 |
[39:53] | I am the valet of the Marquis de Lauzun. | 我是洛桑侯爵的贴身仆人 |
[39:57] | My commiserations. | 我深表同情 |
[39:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[40:53] | Good. | 好 |
[40:57] | Now a real flower. Give me the blue one. | 现在来朵真花。把那朵蓝色的给我 |
[41:02] | Harmony and contrast. | 和谐,对比鲜明 |
[41:05] | All beauty comes from those two things. | 所有的美都源于这两点 |
[41:14] | You see, Colin, few objects are beautiful or ugly in themselves. | 你看,科林,很少东西本身有美丑之分 |
[41:18] | To know that is the beginning of being an artist. | 要想知道它是美是丑,首先你自己得要是一位艺术家 |
[41:39] | Now, I’ll show you a real masterpiece. | 现在我要让你看一件真正的杰作 |
[41:48] | VALET: For your mistress. | 给你的小姐 |
[41:50] | LOUISE: Just a moment. | 请稍等 |
[41:53] | LOUISE: It’s from the Marquis de Lauzun. | 这是洛桑侯爵送来的 |
[41:58] | Send it back. | 送回去 |
[42:01] | She doesn’t want it. | 小姐不要 |
[42:21] | Will you keep me with you when you are a Duchess? | 您成为公爵夫人后还要我服侍您吗 |
[42:25] | Let’s wait and see if I am to be a Duchess… | 要先看看我能否当上公爵夫人…… |
[42:29] | or just a night’s divertissement to keep Mme de Montespan on her toes. | 或许只是一夜的娱乐,让蒙特斯潘夫人紧张一下 |
[42:35] | Or on her knees. | 或者让她跪地求饶 |
[42:42] | Know Phedre then, and all her wild desires. | 知道菲德里这个人和她所有的疯狂欲望了吧 |
[42:46] | MAN: I’m in love. | 我恋爱了 |
[42:48] | SECOND MAN: With a fish? | 和一条鱼? |
[42:57] | Monsieur le Marquis. | 侯爵先生 |
[43:01] | Monsieur le Marquis. | 侯爵先生 |
[43:03] | What? | 什么事? |
[43:04] | She refused it. Monsieur le Marquis. | 她不收,侯爵先生 |
[43:09] | That’s rather beautiful. | 这东西相当漂亮 |
[43:12] | Send it to… | 把它送给…… |
[43:15] | the Duchesse de Longueville. | 郎格威尔公爵夫人 |
[43:18] | VALET: With the note? | 卡片一起送? |
[43:20] | Of course! | 当然了! |
[43:22] | There’s far too much waste in this country. | 这个国家里浪费的东西太多了 |
[43:30] | Madame. | 夫人 |
[43:37] | Do not suppose that loving you, I think myself innocent… | 不要以为我爱你,我认为自己很纯真…… |
[43:40] | or approve myself. | 或表明我是 |
[43:42] | I am the victim of Celestium Vengeance… | 我是基利斯蒂姆复仇事件的受害者…… |
[43:45] | and hate myself still more than you detest me. | 我比你们更恨自己 |
[43:50] | Civilize, Madame, civilize… | 想开点吧,夫人,想开点吧…… |
[43:54] | There still won’t be enough meat. Not with the extra guests. | 肉还是不够用。不够额外的人用 |
[44:01] | Monsieur, I’m worried about the meat. | 先生,我很担心肉的事 |
[44:04] | We have scarcely enough. | 我们的肉准备得不够 |
[44:07] | Monsieur Vatel. | 瓦泰尔先生 |
[44:08] | MAN: Monsieur Vatel. | 瓦泰尔先生 |
[44:10] | Monsieur Vatel. | 瓦泰尔先生 |
[44:11] | Monsieur, the King’s brother has got the whale! | 先生,国王的弟弟他爬到鲸鱼模型上去了! |
[44:14] | This is, lover, death… | 这是情人,是死亡…… |
[44:20] | The frightful monster must not get away! | 可怕的怪物不能走开! |
[44:24] | Here is my heart. | 这是我的心脏 |
[44:27] | It is there your hand should strike. | 你的手能摸到它 |
[44:31] | Already I cannot face that I may prick it. | 我不敢看它,我可能刺到它 |
[44:39] | Strike now! | 刺吧! |
[44:41] | Or if you think me not worth a blow… | 我不堪一击…… |
[44:44] | Your men are so careless. They’ve quite spoiled our pleasure. | 你们的人这么粗心,把我们的好心情都搅坏了 |
[44:48] | My men had orders to wait for me. | 我的手下接到命令,要等我来 |
[44:52] | The whale was intended for the King’s pleasure. | 那鲸鱼是献给国王游乐用的 |
[44:54] | The King! That’s a shame. We, Bourbons, are… | 国王!真丢人,什么时候…… |
[44:58] | unpredictable when deprived of our… | 剥夺了我们波旁家族人的…… |
[45:01] | pleasure. | 娱乐权呢 |
[45:05] | You are a stubborn man, Master Steward. | 你是个很倔强的人,大管家 |
[45:08] | Admirable! | 很可敬! |
[45:18] | Horse racing! | 走吧,我们去赛马! |
[45:23] | Get that carcass out of the water. | 把那破船从水里捞出来 |
[45:27] | MAN: Ha! | 哈! |
[45:34] | For your mistress. | 送给夫人的 |
[45:47] | It must be from the King! There’s a note. | 这一定是国王送的!上面有纸条 |
[46:00] | It’s sugar. | 是糖做的 |
[46:02] | ANNE: It’s all right, Louise. | 没事,路易丝 |
[46:06] | It’s all right. | 没关系 |
[46:15] | VATEL: Madame, | 夫人…… |
[46:17] | you were kind to one who turned aside kindness. | 您对一个对你不友好的人是那么善良 |
[46:21] | Such gifts as I have, I employ for your forgiveness. | 为你送上这个礼物,请原谅我的无礼 |
[46:27] | François Vatel. | 弗朗索瓦·瓦泰尔 |
[46:39] | Gourville, help me. | 古威尔,帮帮我 |
[46:41] | The table lanterns I orderd were all smashed on the journey. | 我订购的台灯在运输途中全碎了 |
[46:45] | If the wind gets up, it will blow out the candles. | 如果起风,会把蜡烛吹灭 |
[46:49] | Torches would be dangerous. | 如果用火炬又太危险 |
[46:51] | Fires of Bengal burn better then tallow, | 孟加拉火炬比动物油脂更亮…… |
[46:54] | but the scent will ruin the taste of the food. | 但它的气味会破坏食物的味道 |
[46:56] | The banquet will be a failure. | 这次宴会也就失败了 |
[46:58] | It’s just a hot meal on its way to the commode. | 只不过是一顿热饭菜去厕所的路上而已 |
[47:01] | No, no, Gourville. | 不,不,古威尔 |
[47:02] | It’s the future of the House of Condé. | 这是康戴家族的未来 |
[47:04] | Well, if you were a gambler, | 如果你是一个赌徒…… |
[47:05] | you’d appreciate a whole new human pleasure. | 你会享受到全新的人生乐趣 |
[47:08] | The risk of losing everything. | 也有失去一切的风险 |
[47:10] | My advice is: Enjoy your disasters. | 我的建议是享受你的灾难 |
[47:13] | But don’t ever stake your soul. | 别把你的灵魂也当作赌注给押上 |
[47:15] | I’d sell it today for the weather to hold, Gourville. | 我今天就把灵魂卖掉,让老天去控制吧,古威尔 |
[47:41] | Master Steward, do you promise us sport? | 大管家,你保证我们有体育活动吗? |
[47:45] | Yes, Princess, there will be sport. | 有的,王妃,有体育活动 |
[47:49] | I smell blood. | 我闻到了血的味道 |
[47:50] | I promise you blood. | 我保证有血 |
[48:10] | Montausier’s stock is rising. | 蒙特西尔的行情正在上涨 |
[48:13] | She spent the night in his Majesty’s bed. | 她在陛下床上过了一夜 |
[48:17] | Does everybody know who sleeps with the King? | 难道每个人都知道谁跟国王睡过觉吗? |
[48:19] | Every footman knows. | 每个仆人都知道 |
[48:20] | Sometimes, you can be quite ridiculous, my dear Vatel. | 有时候你的做法太荒唐了,亲爱的瓦泰尔 |
[49:10] | You find the day more exciting than the night, Madame? | 你觉得白天比夜里更令人激动吗,夫人? |
[49:14] | You sent back my gift and my note. | 你退回了我送的礼物和贺卡 |
[49:18] | Do you think the King intends to keep you? | 你认为国王想留下你吗? |
[49:20] | Perhaps not, Lauzun, | 也许不会,洛桑…… |
[49:22] | but from the King’s bed to yours is a long fall. | 但是从国王的床到你的床落差太大了 |
[49:26] | I am not contemplating it in this life. | 我这一辈子都不打算考虑了 |
[49:40] | Madame de Longueville. | 郎格威尔夫人 |
[49:57] | Monsieur Vatel. | 瓦尔泰先生 |
[50:00] | They’re waiting for the sauces! | 他们在等着酱汁! |
[50:05] | Pick this up. Someone help him! | 快捡起来。来人帮帮他! |
[50:11] | M. Vatel, the pies! | 瓦泰尔先生,馅饼! |
[50:13] | There is really not enough meat! We’re two tables short. | 做馅饼的肉真的不够用!还缺两桌 |
[50:16] | They gave us the wrong numbers. | 他们给我们的数字是不对的 |
[50:22] | Give me this. Bring me some mushrooms! | 把那个拿给我。拿些蘑菇来! |
[50:25] | Antoine, Antoine, mushrooms! | 安托万,安托万,蘑菇! |
[50:29] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧? |
[50:33] | It’s nothing! | 没事! |
[50:47] | Monsieur. | 先生 |
[50:49] | GO! Go! | 走开!走开! |
[51:11] | Condé has won 40,000 pistols from the King. | 康戴已经从国王那儿赢到了四万枝手枪 |
[51:13] | Colbert must be furious. | 科尔波特一定很恼火 |
[51:16] | By losing a little, you might have won more. | 我先输点儿,你再多赢点儿 |
[51:19] | By winning a little, you might lose everything. | 赢一点,最终会输个精光 |
[51:24] | Is the Prince losing his chéteau? | 大亲王要输掉城堡了吗? |
[51:27] | Not if he plays his cards wrong. | 除非他出错了牌 |
[51:38] | Your Majesty. | 陛下 |
[51:48] | He’d better lose, Condé. | 康戴他最好能输! |
[52:23] | Look, Madame Montausier. | 看,蒙特西尔夫人 |
[52:44] | Condé’s demands are excessive. | 康戴的要求太过分了 |
[52:47] | Outrageous. | 永远不满足 |
[52:48] | You mean he knows his price. | 他知道自己的价值 |
[52:51] | Of course, if there were to be a war… | 当然,如果发生战争…… |
[52:54] | I’m sure my good friend M. De Turenne… | 我相信我的好朋友图伦…… |
[52:56] | would forgive the monies he loaned his Majesty last year. | 会忘记去年借给陛下的那些钱 |
[53:01] | Condéis a better leader. As yet, there is no war. | 指挥打仗康戴是最优秀的,可却没有发生战争 |
[53:04] | Our envoys from Holland may well bring acceptable terms. | 也许从我们驻荷兰的大使会带来些可接受的条款 |
[53:07] | I would prefer that. | 我宁愿要这种结果 |
[53:09] | It is not rational for two rich countries… | 两个富国交战是不理智…… |
[53:13] | to make war. | 之举 |
[53:15] | My dear Colbert, | 亲爱的科尔波特…… |
[53:17] | our destinies are not ruled by reason. | 我们的命运并不受理智控制 |
[53:19] | Lust for power, like any lust, is seated, | 追求霸权的欲望就像其他欲望一样…… |
[53:22] | according to latest medical knowledge, in the liver. | 按照最新医学研究结果来看,肝脏里有这种物质 |
[53:29] | LAUZUN: Although personally, | 但是我个人…… |
[53:33] | it hasn’t been my experience. | 却没有这种经历 |
[55:50] | Madame? | 夫人? |
[55:54] | Madame? | 夫人? |
[55:57] | Madame, please. | 夫人,别这样 |
[56:04] | VATEL: Are you ill, Madame? | 你病了吗,夫人? |
[56:08] | VATEL: If you make an infusion of this, it will restore you. | 泡点这个喝能使你恢复健康 |
[56:14] | I wanted the wind to stop blowing. | 我刚才想让风停下来 |
[56:19] | I made it stop. | 我让它停了 |
[56:23] | I thought it was God. | 我以为是上帝让风停的 |
[56:29] | Then perhaps God provided me. | 也许是上帝给了我力量 |
[56:40] | Is it so important? | 这事就那么重要吗? |
[56:44] | It is no small thing to please a King, Madame. | 取悦国王高兴可不是件小事,夫人 |
[56:48] | To please a King is easily clone… | 取悦国王很容易做到…… |
[56:53] | and of no importance. | 并没有那么重要 |
[56:55] | But as a steward, I have it in my power… | 可作为一个管家,我有这个权力…… |
[56:58] | to save the house of the Prince of Condé. | 挽救康戴亲王的家族 |
[57:03] | What power do you have? | 你有什么权力? |
[57:05] | To create. | 创造 |
[57:08] | To astonish. | 让人惊喜 |
[57:11] | The visit of his Majesty is the supreme test. | 陛下这次造访就是一次最高级的尝试 |
[57:15] | If I please him, | 如果我能让他开心…… |
[57:16] | his benevolence will restore my master to his position… | 他就会对我的主人开恩,恢复他的地位…… |
[57:19] | in the destiny of France. | 决定法兰西的命运 |
[57:24] | So the destiny of France is in your hands, Monsieur. | 那么说法兰西的命运就掌握在你的手中了,先生 |
[57:29] | That will be a great surprise to the King’s minister Colbert. | 国王的首相科尔波特会对此感到大吃一惊的 |
[57:42] | I must go back. | 我得回去了 |
[58:19] | You really believe Lauzun has enough influence… | 你真以为洛桑有足够的影响力…… |
[58:22] | Trust me, my dearest. | 相信我,亲爱的 |
[58:24] | I’ve never let you down… have I? | 我骗过你吗?没有吧? |
[58:29] | I will stay late after dinner. I’ll need the room. | 晚餐后我要呆到很晚。我要用这房间 |
[58:33] | I don’t feel like ruining my gown in the corner of some stable. | 我可不想在某个马厩的角落里弄破我的礼服 |
[58:41] | Is this what the Court has brought us to? | 这就是宫廷带给我们的生活? |
[59:21] | DEMAURY: Laurent! Laurent! | 拉洪!拉洪! |
[59:24] | What kind of meat is this? | 这是什么肉? |
[59:26] | Unicorn. Laurent! | 独角兽。拉洪! |
[59:31] | Monsieur Demaury. | 德莫里先生 |
[59:34] | Hurry up! Hurry up! | 快点!快点! |
[59:36] | For God’s sake. | 必须快点 |
[59:43] | There’s no news about the lanterns. | 灯笼的事还没有消息 |
[59:47] | More than half the eggs are addled. We can’t make the custard. | 有一多半的鸡蛋碎了,我们做不了奶油蛋糕了 |
[59:57] | Watch. | 看着 |
[1:00:04] | Come. | 来 |
[1:00:14] | The sugar will come up like beaten egg whites. | 糖会浮在上面,就像搅好的蛋清 |
[1:00:25] | – Don’t forget the apricot! – No, monsieur. – No, monsieur. | – 别忘了放杏仁! – 好的,先生 – 好的,先生 |
[1:00:51] | If they ask you what it is, | 如果他们问这是什么…… |
[1:00:53] | tell them it’s an old recipe from Chantilly. | 就告诉他们这是香蒂伊古老的配方 |
[1:00:57] | – Don’t cut any more melons. – Yes, Monsieur. | – 不要再切香瓜了 – 好的,先生 |
[1:01:30] | LOUISE: Monsieur. | 先生 |
[1:01:31] | Who is it? | 谁呀? |
[1:01:33] | Louise. Monsieur Vatel. | 我是路易丝。瓦泰尔先生 |
[1:01:34] | Don’t be afraid. Come on. | 别怕,进来吧 |
[1:01:39] | My mistress… | 我的小姐…… |
[1:01:41] | She asked me to stay until I have seen you read it. | 她让我站在这儿看你把信读完 |
[1:01:48] | This is so pretty! | 这真漂亮! |
[1:01:49] | What a strange idea! | 太独特了! |
[1:01:52] | – A custom from India. – India? | – 是印度风俗 – 印度? |
[1:01:58] | Please thank your mistress. | 请代我谢谢你的小姐 |
[1:02:09] | 提防洛桑 | |
[1:02:37] | My clock has stopped. | 我的钟停了 |
[1:02:40] | Does it matter? | 这有什么关系呢? |
[1:02:42] | All the other clocks in this chéteau are working perfectly. | 城堡里其他的钟走得都很准 |
[1:02:44] | By the way, | 顺便说一句…… |
[1:02:46] | the King stopped to examine the sun clock and admired it. | 国王停下来仔细看了太阳之钟,很喜欢它 |
[1:02:50] | It means something. | 这件事意义重大 |
[1:02:54] | I stink from head to toe. | 我身上都有味了 |
[1:02:57] | This is good. I don’t know it. | 这很好喝,用什么做的 |
[1:03:01] | VATEL: It’s made from walnuts. | 用核桃仁做的 |
[1:03:04] | What did you want? | 你有什么事? |
[1:03:06] | Monsieur sent me… uh, | 是亲王派我来……嗯…… |
[1:03:09] | It’s not an easy embassy. | 这个任务很难完成 |
[1:03:15] | Your name’s on everybody’s lips, you know. | 你的名字挂在了每个人的嘴上 |
[1:03:17] | GOURVlLLE: This banquet will be decisive. | 这个宴会非常关键 |
[1:03:19] | Your genius is… [Chuckles] | 你的才能…… |
[1:03:22] | Get to the point. | 有话直说 |
[1:03:25] | Monsieur wants you for his friend. | 亲王要你去帮他的朋友办宴会 |
[1:03:29] | He admires… | 他很欣赏你…… |
[1:03:31] | Well, he admires you and to speak quite frankly, | 嗯,他很欣赏你,并且坦白地说…… |
[1:03:34] | everything about you, so… | 欣赏有关你的每一件事,所以…… |
[1:03:36] | What he wants from you is, uh, | 他想让你操办……呃…… |
[1:03:40] | everything. | 这一切 |
[1:03:50] | Do I hear you right? | 我没听错吧? |
[1:03:52] | – What do you hear? – That Monsieur has sent you… | – 你听到了什么? – 亲王派你来…… |
[1:03:54] | to ask me to join the long line of stableboys and princes… | 是要我加入他那长长的他有幸如此密切的…… |
[1:03:57] | who he has honoured so… | 马夫和王子的…… |
[1:03:59] | intimately? | 队伍吧? |
[1:04:00] | Yes, your hearing is very good. | 是的,你的听力很好 |
[1:04:03] | VATEL: Tell Monsieur, | 告诉亲王…… |
[1:04:05] | and I quote Descartes, who I once knew: | 我引用我曾认识的笛卡尔的话: |
[1:04:09] | “There is no soul so weak that it cannot acquire… | “没有一个人的灵魂会如此的软弱…… |
[1:04:12] | “an absolute power over the passions.” | “连控制自己情绪的力量都没有” |
[1:04:16] | GOURVlLLE: Monsieur is not a Cartesian, as far as is known. | 据我所知,亲王不是笛卡尔思想的追随者 |
[1:04:21] | He only wants a few moments of your time. | 他只是想占用你一点时间而已 |
[1:04:24] | Then I’ll send him a message… | 那你就给他捎个口信…… |
[1:04:26] | which reveals more of me… | 这更能表达我的思想…… |
[1:04:28] | than he would ever see if I were to submit. | 他不用试探我是否会臣服他 |
[1:04:31] | Tell him: | 告诉他: |
[1:04:34] | We both of us live with a terrible thing, | 我们两个都在忍受着同一种可怕的事…… |
[1:04:37] | a desire for the absolute, | 想要绝对的权力…… |
[1:04:40] | the sublime, the perfect. | 至高无上的地位,完美无缺 |
[1:04:48] | That’s why he flits from person to person… | 所以他才穿梭于人群之中…… |
[1:04:52] | and that’s why I give myself to no one. | 而我不献身于别人 |
[1:04:56] | And the Prince? | 那大亲王呢? |
[1:04:58] | How long do you think it will take before this reaches the Prince? | 你认为还需要多长时间大亲王才能有权力和地位? |
[1:05:01] | Not long if you hurry. | 抓紧时间就不会太久 |
[1:05:05] | My dear Vatel. | 我亲爱的瓦泰尔 |
[1:05:07] | We all go round together like a celestial machine. | 我们所有的人都像天体一样在一起运转 |
[1:05:11] | The Sun King is at the center. | 太阳国王是中心 |
[1:05:12] | Condé is one of his planets and I am Condés moon. | 康戴是他的一颗恒星,而我是康戴的月亮 |
[1:05:15] | Do you think there is a place to stand where we are free? | 你认为我们有自由活动的空间吗? |
[1:05:18] | GOURVlLLE: Naturally I will speak to Condé. | 我自然会转告康戴 |
[1:05:21] | Not to do so would be… | 不这样做…… |
[1:05:24] | self-important. | 有点过头了 |
[1:05:41] | More fruit on table six. | 六号桌再加些水果 |
[1:05:48] | Bourdelot! | 波特洛! |
[1:05:50] | Why have you got Mme de Montausier’s birds? | 你为什么拿着蒙特西尔夫人的鸟? |
[1:05:52] | I got them from Madame de Montausier. | 我从蒙特西尔夫人那儿拿的 |
[1:05:54] | Huh? | 啊? |
[1:05:55] | – I’m saving them for the banquet. – For the banquet? | – 我留着宴会上用 – 宴会上用? |
[1:05:58] | Ha ha ha. No. In case the Prince requires them for his gout. | 哈哈哈,不是,以防大亲王万一需要治痛风 |
[1:06:02] | But Why? | 治痛风? |
[1:06:03] | Ah. The Princess asked La Montausier to sacrifice her canaries. | 啊,王妃要蒙特西尔献出她的金丝雀 |
[1:06:07] | She refused. | 她拒绝了 |
[1:06:09] | So the Princess told her Majesty… | 于是王妃便告诉了王后陛下…… |
[1:06:12] | and she commanded La Montausier to give them to me. | 王后陛下命令蒙特西尔把鸟交给了我 |
[1:06:16] | Her Majesty. | 王后陛下 |
[1:06:18] | But canaries, | 可是金丝雀长得太小了 |
[1:06:20] | Oh, uh. they are so small, I don’t think their hearts will be enough… | 我想这些鸟心脏长得不够大…… |
[1:06:24] | to ease the Prince’s pain. | 无法缓解大亲王痛苦 |
[1:06:28] | You see, this rich food is very bad for his gout. | 你看,所有这些山珍海味都会加重他的病情 |
[1:06:31] | I can’t serve him an omelette… | 我不能给他上份煎蛋…… |
[1:06:32] | to celebrate the visit of the King of France. | 庆祝法兰西国王的到访 |
[1:06:34] | It’s not your fault. | 这不是你的错 |
[1:06:35] | I just wish I had some better birds, that’s all. | 我只是希望能弄到更好的鸟 |
[1:06:41] | I have my parrots. | 我那儿有鹦鹉 |
[1:06:42] | But surely, Vatel, you would not sacrifice… | 可是,瓦泰尔,你肯定舍不得献出来…… |
[1:06:45] | If the Prince’s pain gets too great to bear… | 要是大亲王疼得受不了…… |
[1:06:47] | then send to me for my parrots. | 那就派人来我这儿取鹦鹉 |
[1:06:49] | Tell the Princess canaries are too small. | 告诉王妃,金丝雀太小了 |
[1:06:53] | Demaury! | 德莫里! |
[1:06:58] | VATEL: Return those birds to Madame de Montausier’s room. | 把这些鸟送回蒙特西尔夫人的房间去 |
[1:07:13] | The Duc de Longueville is drinking too heavily, | 郎格威尔公爵酒喝得太凶了…… |
[1:07:15] | serve him a lighter wine. | 给他上点低度数的酒 |
[1:07:18] | A candle has gone out on table six. | 六号桌的一支蜡烛灭了 |
[1:07:46] | Angel drops! | 天使掉下来了! |
[1:07:47] | Oh, ***** | 是吗? |
[1:08:03] | MARQUIS: Condé is lucky, this banquet would shame a Roman Emperor. | 康戴真幸运,这个宴会连罗马皇帝都自愧不如 |
[1:08:09] | Who is this Vatel? Where does he come from? | 这个瓦泰尔是谁?他是从哪儿来的? |
[1:08:12] | Nowhere. The slums of Paris. | 无名小卒,从巴黎的贫民窟来 |
[1:08:15] | He was apprenticed at Eberhardt’s, I believe. | 他在艾伯哈特家当过学徒 |
[1:08:17] | Eberhardt’s? On the Ile Saint Louis? | 艾伯哈特?在圣路易斯岛上? |
[1:08:19] | My mother swore by Eberhardt’s. | 我妈妈非常信任艾伯哈特 |
[1:08:21] | So did your father, I believe, | 你父亲也是如此…… |
[1:08:23] | although I don’t think he went there for the pastries. | 尽管我认为他不是为了点心而去的 |
[1:08:26] | Vatel! I was just telling the Duchess here… | 瓦泰尔!我刚跟公爵夫人讲了…… |
[1:08:29] | about your boyhood days in the brothels of the Ile Saint Louis. | 你在圣路易斯岛的妓院里那段童年时光 |
[1:08:33] | It’s quite true. | 一点也不假 |
[1:08:35] | No one knows more about the brothels of the Ile Saint Louis… | 没有谁比洛桑侯爵更了解…… |
[1:08:38] | than the Marquis de Lauzun. | 圣路易斯的妓院了 |
[1:08:39] | Oh, ho ho. | 哦,嚯嚯 |
[1:08:41] | Ha ha ha ha. | 哈哈哈哈 |
[1:08:45] | I think he’s just insulted you, but it’s hard to tell. | 我想他刚刚羞辱了你,不过很难说 |
[1:08:48] | That’s a rare gift. | 这是个罕见的天赋 |
[1:08:50] | If you punish him for it, I’ll tell everyone your favorite perversion. | 如果你为此惩罚他,我就告诉所有的人你最喜欢的妓女是谁 |
[1:08:53] | Oh, but Duchesse, you will be the last to know. | 可公爵夫人你是最后一个知道此事的人 |
[1:08:57] | Monsieur, you let us taste flavors one shall never forget. | 先生,你让我们吃到了永生难忘的美味 |
[1:09:02] | As a rule I don’t allow the King to be served vinegar. | 有规定,我不允许国王用醋 |
[1:09:05] | It makes him irritable, | 那会使他受刺激的…… |
[1:09:07] | particularly around his anus. | 特别是肛门周围 |
[1:09:17] | Fetch Bourdelot! | 把波特洛找来! |
[1:09:24] | From India? | 来自印度? |
[1:09:26] | How beautiful, ingenious. | 太美了,很有创意 |
[1:09:29] | I have learned something today, which is rare. | 我今天学到了很多东西,很难得 |
[1:10:14] | – I need something… – Are you in pain? | – 我需要药…… – 你哪儿疼? |
[1:10:16] | No, I’m in the grip of some anxiety. | 不,我很紧张 |
[1:10:19] | Ha ha. Anxiety? I have nothing for anxiety. I am a doctor. | 哈哈,紧张?我没有治疗紧张的药。我是个医生 |
[1:10:24] | MONSIEUR: Vatel. | 瓦泰尔 |
[1:10:28] | GO, go, go, go! | 走,走,走,走! |
[1:10:29] | Vatel. | 瓦泰尔 |
[1:10:32] | MONSIEUR: And now… For you! | 现在……到你了! |
[1:10:34] | And one and two and three and four, and more and more. | 一、二、三、四,越来越多 |
[1:10:38] | I am the Steward of the Fish. | 我是鱼管家 |
[1:10:42] | MONSIEUR: They tell me these carp are called love-carp. | 他们告诉我说这些鲤鱼是爱鲤鱼 |
[1:10:49] | Can you tell us why? | 能告诉我为什么吗? |
[1:10:51] | Yes, why? Tell us, tell us why? | 对,为什么?告诉我们,为什么? |
[1:10:56] | They have thick lips for kissing the stone banks. | 它们的嘴唇很厚,可以亲吻石头堤岸 |
[1:10:59] | We raise them to keep down the weeds. | 养它们是为了少生水草 |
[1:11:01] | Weedy weedy weed! Ha ha ha! | 长草草草草!哈哈哈! |
[1:11:04] | Gourville gave me your message. | 古威尔把你的口信告诉我了 |
[1:11:10] | You understand me like none of my friends understand me. | 我朋友中的没有一个人像你那么理解我 |
[1:11:15] | I hope you find your perfection. | 我希望你能达到完美的境地 |
[1:11:17] | I know I’m looking in the wrong place, | 我知道我找错了地方…… |
[1:11:21] | but when I despair… | 当我绝望的时候…… |
[1:11:23] | I shall remember there was a man who looked into my soul. | 我会想起来有个人曾经看透了我的心 |
[1:11:28] | MAN: In the water with you. | 和你在水里 |
[1:11:29] | Sport… I demand there shall be a race… | 运动……我命令艾斐亚特…… |
[1:11:33] | MAN: Uh-oh. | 啊哦 |
[1:11:34] | MONSIEUR: between… Effiat… | 和鲤鱼…… |
[1:11:36] | – Yes! – and the carp! | – 好! – 来一场比赛! |
[1:11:38] | – Effiat, now! – In! | – 艾斐亚特,开始吧! – 进吧! |
[1:11:41] | It’s clouding over. | 云开始聚集了 |
[1:11:44] | I’m worried about the salvoes from up here. | 我担心会打响雷 |
[1:11:47] | There’s a lot of humidity coming up off the canal. | 运河上面的潮气太大了 |
[1:11:50] | It may even rain. | 可能会下雨 |
[1:11:52] | It wouldn’t dare. He’s not called the Sun King for nothing. | 老天不敢下。他不会白叫太阳国王的 |
[1:12:00] | Bravo, sir, but save your voice for the King. | 好极了,先生,留着你的歌唱给国王听吧 |
[1:12:02] | His ear, as we know, is perfect, | 我们都知道他的听力非常好…… |
[1:12:05] | as of course, is his nose, his navel and his big toe. | 当然他的鼻子也很灵,肚脐和大脚趾也很好使 |
[1:12:09] | Monsieur. | 先生 |
[1:12:11] | Monsieur Vatel, they are ready. | 瓦泰尔先生,他们准备好了 |
[1:13:36] | Monsieur Vatel, the horses are ready. | 瓦泰尔先生,马准备好了 |
[1:13:40] | Come on. | 开始 |
[1:15:51] | What a wonderful spectacle. | 真是漂亮的奇观 |
[1:15:54] | Condé, who is responsible for these marvels? | 康戴,这样的奇观是负责做出来的? |
[1:15:58] | My Steward, your Majesty. | 是我的管家,陛下 |
[1:16:00] | And what is his name? | 他叫什么名字? |
[1:16:03] | François Vatel. | 弗朗索瓦·瓦泰尔 |
[1:16:15] | Bring me this Vatel. | 带瓦泰尔上来 |
[1:16:18] | I would like to congratulate him. | 我要对他表示祝贺 |
[1:16:27] | VATEL: Sixteen thousand pounds of flares and rockets gone up in smoke… | 一千六百磅的烟花和火箭飞上天空…… |
[1:16:31] | to kill a groom. | 杀死了这个马夫 |
[1:16:36] | Monsieur, the King wishes to speak to you. | 先生,国王要召见你 |
[1:16:39] | Not now, please. | 现在不行,拜托 |
[1:16:41] | Does he think all this happens by itself? | 他以为这些表演效果都是自动完成的? |
[1:16:44] | I want everything cleared up by dawn. Understand? | 我要这些东西在黎明前全部清理干净,明白吗? |
[1:17:03] | – Is it Friday already? – Yes, nearly. | – 星期五准备好了吗? – 好了 |
[1:17:06] | I must send Demaury to look out for the fish. | 我要派德莫里去监控买鱼 |
[1:17:08] | The roads are bad. | 路况太差了 |
[1:17:27] | – VATEL: Demaury, Jean-Marie Benoud is dead. – DEMAURY: Demaury: I know. | – 德莫里,让-马里·贝诺死了 – 我知道 |
[1:17:29] | VATEL: You must tell his family. | 你得告诉他的家人 |
[1:17:30] | DEMAURY: I’ve sent a messenger to tell them. | 我已经派人去告诉他们了 |
[1:17:35] | Monsieur, the Queen is asking for crystalized fruits. | 先生,王后要像水晶一样的水果 |
[1:17:37] | VATEL: Well, get some! | 好,去拿吧! |
[1:17:44] | For her Majesty. | 给王后陛下的 |
[1:17:48] | Her Majesty. | 给王后陛下的 |
[1:17:57] | MONSIEUR: Lauzun! Don’t go away, Lauzun. | 洛桑!别走,洛桑 |
[1:18:03] | The King has called for Vatel. | 国王传令要见瓦泰尔 |
[1:18:06] | He’s refused to come. He claims he’s too busy. | 他拒绝前来,声称他太忙了 |
[1:18:12] | Do you know the story of… | 你知不知道…… |
[1:18:15] | the Marquis de Cufevent? | 库冯特侯爵的故事? |
[1:18:23] | Everybody does, Monsieur. | 所有人都知道,先生 |
[1:18:24] | Tell it to me, clear Lauzun. | 给我讲讲,聪明的洛桑 |
[1:18:26] | Yes. Tell us, tell it, Lauzun. | 对,讲讲,讲讲,洛桑 |
[1:18:30] | It seems, as the Marquis bowed for the King, | 好像是侯爵在给国王鞠躬的时候…… |
[1:18:33] | he let out a tremendous fart… | 放了一个非常响的屁…… |
[1:18:36] | And so his Majesty made him Master of the King’s Music. | 所以陛下封他为国王音乐大师 |
[1:18:39] | And what moral do you see in that story, Lauzun? | 而你从这个故事当中能得到了什么样的启发,洛森? |
[1:18:45] | That if you don’t give a fart for music, | 就是如果你不放屁奏乐…… |
[1:18:48] | you’ll never rise at Court. | 你在宫里永远都得不到提升 |
[1:18:56] | Monsieur. | 亲王 |
[1:18:57] | MONSIEUR: Lauzun. | 洛桑 |
[1:18:59] | MONSIEUR: I’ll… pass his message on to the King. | 我……会把他说的话传给国王 |
[1:19:13] | Monsieur. | 亲王 |
[1:19:34] | GUARD: Halt! | 站住! |
[1:19:37] | – What is your business? – The King’s business! | – 你们是干什么的? – 来找国王! |
[1:19:40] | Envoys from Holland! | 从荷兰来的特使! |
[1:19:41] | Let me go. Let me pass. | 放开我,让我过去 |
[1:19:44] | The black queen loses, Colbert. | 黑桃Q输了,科尔波特 |
[1:19:48] | LOUIS: I am only trying to help. | 我只是想帮忙 |
[1:19:49] | COLBERT: Your Majesty, my hand needs all the help it can get. | 陛下,我真是太需要帮助了 |
[1:19:53] | LOUIS: If Colbert loses, he won’t be able to pay our workmen at Versailles. | 如果科尔波特输了,他就无法付工钱给凡尔赛里的工人了 |
[1:19:58] | Monsieur, are you alright? | 先生,你没事吧? |
[1:20:03] | LOUIS: Well, Monsieur, don’t deal in the black queen. | 先生,别出黑桃Q了 |
[1:20:06] | LOUIS: How many orange trees do we have, Colbert? | 科尔波特,我们有多少棵橘子树? |
[1:20:09] | COLBERT: One thousand, your Majesty. | 一千棵,陛下 |
[1:20:10] | And one hundred in silver tubs. | 在银浴缸里还有一百棵 |
[1:20:13] | Versailles is my favorite mistress. | 凡尔赛是我最爱的情妇 |
[1:20:16] | That’s why she costs you so much. | 所以它造价才那么高 |
[1:20:21] | What are you staking, Prince? | 你要多少,亲王? |
[1:20:23] | Ten Louis. | 10个金路易 |
[1:20:27] | Ten Louis! | 10个金路易! |
[1:20:29] | How many fountains do we have, Colbert? | 我们有多少个喷泉,科尔波特? |
[1:20:32] | One and a half thousand, your Majesty. | 一千五百个,陛下 |
[1:20:34] | Forfait. | 押上 |
[1:20:38] | For Versailles if I lose. | 我输了,把凡尔赛给你 |
[1:20:41] | For something of yours if I win… | 我赢了,要你一样东西…… |
[1:20:44] | A glove, perhaps, mon frère. | 可能是一只手套,兄弟 |
[1:20:52] | But one glove is no good to anybody. | 可是一只手套对谁都没有用 |
[1:21:04] | Well, Prince. | 亲王呢 |
[1:21:07] | I have nothing to add to the glory of Versailles, your Majesty. | 我没有什么东西可以给凡尔赛增添光彩了,陛下 |
[1:21:10] | But that’s not true. | 这话可不对 |
[1:21:13] | You have something rarer than diamonds. | 你有比钻石更珍贵的东西 |
[1:21:17] | You have your Master of Pleasures. | 你有非常出色的娱乐大师 |
[1:21:21] | Your Majesty. | 陛下 |
[1:21:23] | Vatel is worthy of a larger stage, | 瓦泰尔值得你押更大的赌注…… |
[1:21:25] | and Versailles could use a man of his gifts. | 凡尔赛也能用上这么有才能的人 |
[1:21:32] | You’re asking me to stake my Master Steward on a card game? | 您是要我在牌局上押上我的大管家瓦泰尔? |
[1:21:37] | Do you have any objections? Look what you might win. | 你还会反对吗?看看你可能赢到什么 |
[1:21:49] | We’ll take the bet! | 我们就赌一把! |
[1:21:58] | Are we playing or not? | 到底玩不玩? |
[1:22:05] | Very well. | 好吧 |
[1:22:08] | LOUIS: Then we’ll play. | 那就开始吧 |
[1:22:11] | Your Majesty, the envoys from Holland have arrived. | 陛下,荷兰的特使到了 |
[1:22:15] | Then they come at an interesting moment. | 他们来得可真是时候 |
[1:22:17] | This is true. | 这倒是真的 |
[1:22:22] | MONSIEUR: Well. | 噢 |
[1:22:26] | It’s between you two. | 是你们俩之间玩了 |
[1:22:29] | Prince? | 亲王? |
[1:22:45] | Black queen. | 黑桃Q |
[1:22:48] | Bad luck. | 运气不好 |
[1:22:52] | The envoys… | 特使…… |
[1:23:40] | Monsieur, | 先生…… |
[1:23:42] | the Queen wants garlic. | 王后要吃大蒜 |
[1:23:45] | – Garlic? – She said she likes it. | – 大蒜? – 她说喜欢吃 |
[1:23:48] | Well, run to the kitchen… | 那快去厨房…… |
[1:23:49] | Garlic! | 大蒜! |
[1:23:52] | If his Majesty comes out smiling, | 如果陛下微笑着走出来…… |
[1:23:55] | it will be peace with Holland. | 那就是跟荷兰和好了 |
[1:23:58] | No, if he returns smiling, it will be war. | 不,如果他微笑着回来,就要打仗了 |
[1:24:02] | War! | 打仗! |
[1:24:04] | What do you think, Monsieur? | 你怎么认为,亲王? |
[1:24:05] | Oh, Certainly one or the other. | 哦,当然两种可能性都有 |
[1:24:09] | Also if he returns frowning. | 还有,如果他皱着眉头回来 |
[1:24:15] | Your wife is looking so beautiful tonight, Longueville… | 你的妻子今天晚上看上去真漂亮,朗格威尔…… |
[1:24:20] | But where is she? | 可是她在哪儿? |
[1:24:42] | Your majesty? | 陛下? |
[1:24:45] | Condé. | 康戴 |
[1:24:48] | What’s your opinion of war? | 你对战争有什么看法? |
[1:24:54] | I have seen too much destruction, Majesty. | 我看到了太多的破坏,陛下 |
[1:24:58] | COLBERT: William of Orange has declined the offer… | 奥兰治的威廉拒绝了…… |
[1:25:00] | of the daughter of the Duchesse de La Valliere. | 和维利亚女公爵女儿联姻的提议 |
[1:25:03] | Gallantly telling us that his family only marry… | 委婉地告诉我们说他的家人只能…… |
[1:25:06] | the legitimate daughters of Kings, | 和国王的亲生女儿成婚…… |
[1:25:09] | not their bastards. | 而不和杂种结婚 |
[1:25:11] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[1:25:12] | COLBERT: Furthermore, the ruler of the flat earth… | 更过分的是如此一个小国的统治者…… |
[1:25:14] | has minted coins with the image of the Sun. | 竟敢用太阳的图案铸造了钱币 |
[1:25:20] | That is impertinent. | 真是太无礼了 |
[1:25:23] | LOUIS: He has commissioned… | 他送了一幅油画…… |
[1:25:24] | an oil painting of one of my flagships sinking. | 上面画的是我的一艘旗舰沉没了 |
[1:25:33] | With your permission, | 只要您一声令下…… |
[1:25:35] | I will drown him in one of his dykes, Majesty. | 我会叫他死无葬身之地,陛下 |
[1:26:02] | COLBERT: You do not have the command yet, Prince. | 指挥权的问题还没定,大亲王 |
[1:26:06] | – It is between you and Turenne. – Turenne? | – 要在你和图伦之间做选一个 – 图伦? |
[1:26:10] | I’m sure all will be alright. | 我想一切都会没问题的 |
[1:26:13] | After all, you have the King under your roof. | 毕竟,国王是来你家的客人 |
[1:26:21] | Tomorrow will be decisive. | 明天会做出最后决定的 |
[1:26:38] | No, no, just leave me this one. | 不,不,这只给我留下 |
[1:26:52] | The Prince is grateful. He would like to see you. | 大亲王很感激。他想见你 |
[1:27:12] | Her Majesty? | 王后陛下呢? |
[1:27:13] | Asleep, Madame. | 睡了,夫人 |
[1:27:17] | They were brought back, orders of Monsieur Vatel. | 鸟被送回来了,瓦泰尔先生的命令 |
[1:27:22] | Would you like me to undress you, Madame? | 要我给您宽衣吗?夫人 |
[1:27:26] | No. | 不用 |
[1:27:37] | Fortune seems to be with us. War with Holland. | 看来我们的好运来了。要和荷兰开战 |
[1:27:40] | Turenne is scheming to get Colbert’s backing. | 图伦正试图获得科尔波特的帮助 |
[1:27:43] | The King favors me, I think. | 国王会选我,我觉得 |
[1:27:45] | He will make an announcement at the banquet tomorrow. | 他明天会在宴会上宣布决定 |
[1:27:48] | Everything must be perfect. | 一切必须做得完美才行 |
[1:27:50] | Everything will be perfect, my Prince. | 一切都会做得完美无缺的,大亲王 |
[1:27:53] | We’ve always understood each other. | 我们总是能互相理解 |
[1:27:55] | You’re a great man, Vatel. | 你是个伟大的人,瓦泰尔 |
[1:27:58] | You will end up as a Vicomte. | 你最终会被封为子爵的 |
[1:28:08] | You have heard? | 你听说了吗? |
[1:28:09] | Heard? | 什么? |
[1:28:10] | The King wants you at Versailles. | 国王要调你到凡尔赛宫去 |
[1:28:13] | Versailles? | 凡尔赛? |
[1:28:15] | – Gently, gently, gently, gently… – CONDé: The King… | – 别动,轻点,轻点,轻点…… – 国王…… |
[1:28:18] | CONDé: The King wishes to honor you. | 国王要给你荣誉 |
[1:28:28] | CONDé: Go. I’m sorry. | 继续。抱歉 |
[1:28:32] | Gently now… Breathe in. | 好了……吸气 |
[1:29:57] | We have a present for you. From the Marquis de Lauzun. | 我们有个礼物给你,是洛桑侯爵送给你的 |
[1:30:11] | This will teach you to step above your station. | 这是给你往上爬的一个教训 |
[1:30:16] | EFFIAT: In the name of the King, let him go. | 以国王的名义,放开他 |
[1:30:20] | What do you want, Monsieur? | 你们想干什么?先生们 |
[1:30:26] | Surprise! | 惊喜! |
[1:30:29] | Preparation! | 准备! |
[1:30:30] | Cut… | 砍…… |
[1:30:31] | and lunge! | 和戳! |
[1:30:33] | Excellent. Lesson continues. Ready? | 很好。下一步,准备好了? |
[1:30:38] | Edouard, calf! | 爱德华德,小腿! |
[1:30:40] | Louis, back! | 路易斯,背后! |
[1:30:41] | Charles, wrist! | 查尔斯,手腕! |
[1:30:44] | Bravo! | 好! |
[1:30:45] | And now… open… | 现在……伸展开来…… |
[1:30:47] | Th rust! | 刺! |
[1:30:52] | Thigh! | 大腿! |
[1:31:09] | Tell Lauzun, enough. | 告诉洛桑,够了 |
[1:31:15] | His Highness the King’s brother presents his compliments, Monsieur Vatel. | 国王的弟弟殿下向你表示祝贺,瓦泰尔先生 |
[1:31:20] | He requests us to escort you to your apartments. | 他要求我们护送你回住处去 |
[1:31:26] | It won’t be necessary. | 没有必要了 |
[1:32:09] | VATEL: Madame? | 夫人? |
[1:32:11] | I wanted to thank you. | 我想谢谢你 |
[1:32:15] | If the King knew you were here. | 如果国王知道你在这儿 |
[1:32:17] | The King is busy with Madame de Montespan. | 国王正和蒙特斯潘夫人忙着呢 |
[1:32:20] | No one has seen me. | 没人看见我 |
[1:32:31] | So you are coming to Versailles, Monsieur. | 那么你要到凡尔赛来了,先生 |
[1:32:34] | Or haven’t you heard? | 或者你还没听说这事? |
[1:32:40] | One of my people was killed today. | 今天我手下的一个人死了 |
[1:32:46] | Who was it? | 是谁? |
[1:32:48] | VATEL: His name was… | 他名字叫…… |
[1:32:50] | Jean-Marie Benoud. | 让-马里·贝诺 |
[1:32:52] | 28 years old, from the village of St. Crose. | 28岁,是圣克劳斯村的人 |
[1:32:56] | His father is the miller there. | 他父亲是那里的磨坊主 |
[1:32:59] | His mother died of the sweating sickness two years ago. | 他母亲两年前死于寒热病 |
[1:33:03] | He had two brothers, one a priest. | 他有两个兄弟,一个是牧师 |
[1:33:08] | He came here as a stable boy… | 他是来这做马夫的…… |
[1:33:11] | and was senior groom for three years. | 他已经做了三年的高级马夫 |
[1:33:15] | Three years… | 三年了…… |
[1:33:19] | ANNE: You knew him well. | 你很了解他 |
[1:33:21] | No. Not particularly. | 不,不太了解他 |
[1:33:28] | He was one of my people. | 但他是我的人 |
[1:33:31] | He was fortunate in that. | 他去了也算是很幸运 |
[1:33:40] | Why did you save my birds, Monsieur? | 你为什么要救出我的鸟,先生? |
[1:33:50] | Because they were too small to do any good, Madame. | 因为他们太小了,没什么用处,夫人 |
[1:34:06] | And because… | 还有因为…… |
[1:34:14] | And because… | 还有因为…… |
[1:34:18] | Because they were yours. | 因为它们是你的 |
[1:35:13] | Madame! | 夫人! |
[1:35:15] | Madame! | 夫人! |
[1:35:20] | LOUISE: Madame! | 夫人! |
[1:35:26] | Anne! | 安! |
[1:35:27] | – LOUISE: Madame, his Majesty… – Go! | – 夫人,陛下他…… – 快走! |
[1:35:36] | I’m ruined. | 我完了 |
[1:35:39] | It’s the King. | 是国王 |
[1:35:41] | I’m a fool. | 我真蠢 |
[1:35:43] | Yesterday you were a fool. | 你昨天才蠢呢 |
[1:35:45] | VATEL: Stay here. | 留下来 |
[1:35:46] | If you think I can do that, | 如果你认为我能这么做…… |
[1:35:49] | you have lived among farmers too long. | 那你是在农夫中生活得太久了 |
[1:35:53] | Condé gave you away at the card table. | 康戴在牌桌上把你输掉了 |
[1:35:56] | To please the King, he gave you away like a hound from his kennels. | 为了取悦国王,他把你送人了,就像把他犬舍里的一条猎狗送人一样 |
[1:36:41] | LAUZUN: Madame. | 夫人 |
[1:36:55] | LAUZUN: The King has retired. | 国王已经休息了 |
[1:36:58] | Alone. | 一个人 |
[1:37:01] | – We searched high and low. – I… I was… | – 我们到处找你 – 我……我在…… |
[1:37:04] | I know where you were. | 我知道你在哪儿 |
[1:37:14] | But I would never betray you. | 但我绝不会出卖你 |
[1:37:21] | LAUZUN: No. I told the King you were probably consoling a dear friend, | 不。我告诉国王你可能去安慰一个亲密的朋友了…… |
[1:37:25] | the Duc de Longueville. | 朗格威尔公爵 |
[1:37:30] | I mean, the way his wife puts herself about is disgraceful, | 我是说,他的妻子轻贱自己的行为非常的不光彩…… |
[1:37:36] | don’t you think? | 你说呢? |
[1:37:42] | You are a true friend. | 你是一位真正的朋友 |
[1:37:48] | Excuse me! | 告辞了! |
[1:37:49] | LAUZUN: Well, you will need a friend now, won’t you? | 你现在就需要一个朋友,对吗? |
[1:37:52] | LAUZUN: Hmm? | 嗯? |
[1:37:56] | Would you do me the honor of sharing a cup of chocolate… | 能不能赏脸一起喝杯巧克力? |
[1:37:59] | with me… | 和我…… |
[1:38:02] | even at this late hour? | 在这么晚的时候? |
[1:38:07] | LAUZUN: I think you’ll find the King a less democratic man than myself. | 我觉得你会发现国王并不像我那么民主 |
[1:38:11] | And it would be tragic, would it not, | 这会是一场悲剧,会不会是悲剧呢? |
[1:38:14] | if Vatel were to be sent back to his former master… | 如果瓦泰尔要被送回到他前主人那里…… |
[1:38:18] | in the prison of Pignerol? | 就是皮涅罗监狱里的那个人? |
[1:39:19] | The last day, dawn. | 最后一天,黎明 |
[1:39:31] | My lord! Is there any news? | 大人!有什么消息吗? |
[1:39:33] | News? | 消息? |
[1:39:35] | Of the money. The money from the King! | 钱的消息。国王给的钱! |
[1:39:37] | Money? | 钱? |
[1:39:38] | Oh, yes, monsieur. The news is very good. | 哦,对了,先生。有非常好的消息 |
[1:39:41] | The King is well pleased with us. | 国王对我们非常满意 |
[1:39:42] | Now, please! Where is Vatel? | 别这样!瓦泰尔在哪儿? |
[1:39:44] | I’m looking for him myself. | 我也在找他 |
[1:39:46] | – Is everything alright? – Oh, yes, indeed. | – 一切都好吗? – 哦,是的,都好 |
[1:40:16] | There will be turbot, sole, pike, halibut, mullet. | 会有大比目鱼、龙脷鱼、梭子鱼、圣日比目鱼、胭脂鱼 |
[1:40:21] | Presented in heaps, as beautiful as an engraving. | 成堆地奉献上,像雕刻的一样美丽 |
[1:40:25] | Trout and salmon will seem to be swimming in broth. | 鳟鱼和三文鱼看上去就像在汤里欢快地游着 |
[1:40:29] | On his Majesty’s table will be a sea monster, | 在陛下的桌子上会摆着一个海怪…… |
[1:40:32] | a great cod, baked whole, glazed, decorated, | 一条大鳕鱼,通体烤熟,闪闪发光,装饰它的是…… |
[1:40:37] | holding a mackerel in its mouth. | 嘴中叼着的一条鲭鱼 |
[1:40:40] | The ice feast will be like nothing seen before. | 冰宴将是史无前例的盛宴 |
[1:40:48] | Monsieur. | 先生 |
[1:41:12] | Is that all? | 就这么多吗? |
[1:41:12] | Yes, sir. | 是的,先生 |
[1:41:16] | Have you seen other fish carts on the road? | 你在路上没看到其他的鱼车吗? |
[1:41:17] | No, sir. There were storms all along the coast. | 没有,先生,整个海岸线上都在刮大风 |
[1:41:20] | Few boats put to sea at all, and they came back empty. | 根本就没有船出海,回来的也是空船 |
[1:41:24] | [WHISPER] Empty! | 空船! |
[1:41:35] | – Come back tomorrow to be paid. – FISHMONGER: Thank you, Monsieur Vatel. | – 明天过来拿钱吧 – 谢谢你,瓦泰尔先生 |
[1:42:40] | Monsieur. Monsieur Vatel! May I have a word? | 先生。瓦泰尔先生,我能说句话吗? |
[1:42:43] | Not now, Thibault, not now. | 现在不行,提伯特,现在不行 |
[1:43:35] | MAN: Monsieur. | 先生 |
[1:43:38] | Monsieur Vatel. | 瓦泰尔先生 |
[1:43:41] | From his Majesty. | 陛下的圣旨 |
[1:43:43] | It’s your commission for Versailles. | 是你去凡尔赛的委任书 |
[1:43:47] | The King commands that you leave with the Court tomorrow. | 国王命令你明天和宫里的人一起走 |
[1:43:51] | There will be a wagon for your personal baggage. | 会有一辆马车来装你的行李 |
[1:43:55] | You’ll have a horse. | 你会有一匹马 |
[1:43:58] | We await your answer. | 我们在等你回话 |
[1:44:01] | Monsieur! | 先生! |
[1:44:03] | Are you there? | 你在屋里吗? |
[1:44:51] | It’s your turn. | 该你了 |
[1:44:53] | 看我的 | |
[1:47:31] | Poor little things. | 可怜的小东西 |
[1:47:37] | My prisoners. | 我的小犯人 |
[1:47:44] | Madame. | 夫人 |
[1:47:47] | What is it? | 什么? |
[1:47:49] | Vatel… | 瓦泰尔…… |
[1:47:53] | This is for you. | 这是给你的 |
[1:48:23] | VATEL: Madame, | 夫人…… |
[1:48:25] | when you read this, | 当你看到这封信的时候…… |
[1:48:27] | I shall have left this world with only one regret, | 我将已经带着唯一的遗憾离开了这个世界…… |
[1:48:31] | that I cannot be with you. | 那就是我不能和你在一起 |
[1:48:54] | Madame, they will tell you… | 夫人,他们会告诉你…… |
[1:48:55] | it was the failure of the feast… | 这个宴会是失败的 |
[1:48:59] | But between the opening… | 但是在你开放…… |
[1:49:00] | and the closing of your heart, I saw… | 和关闭的心灵之间,我发现…… |
[1:49:03] | that I was not the master of these festivities, | 我不是欢乐宴会大师…… |
[1:49:07] | but their slave. | 而是他们的奴隶 |
[1:49:11] | May you escape by a better road. | 祝你逃出魔掌,走上一条更好的路 |
[1:49:20] | Your home is, I think, in the south. | 我想你的家可能在南方 |
[1:49:24] | If so, remember that there is a place… | 如果真是这样,记住有个地方…… |
[1:49:27] | not far away in the Vaucluse, | 离瓦克鲁斯不远…… |
[1:49:30] | where they plant cherry trees among the vines. | 人们在葡萄园中种樱桃树 |
[1:49:36] | The taste of the cherries… | 葡萄酒中…… |
[1:49:38] | comes through in the wine. | 会飘出樱桃的香味 |
[1:49:44] | Your servant, François Vatel. | 你的仆人,弗朗索瓦·瓦泰尔 |
[1:50:41] | Gourville, however, tried to make up for the loss of Vatel. | 古威尔试图弥补失去瓦泰尔的损失 |
[1:50:45] | It was done. | 他成功了 |
[1:50:46] | The meal was excellent. | 宴会很成功 |
[1:50:48] | People walked and others were hunting. | 有些人在散步,有些人在打猎 |
[1:50:51] | The scent of daffodils was everywhere, a true enchantment. | 到处都飘散着水仙花的芳香,沁人心肺 |
[1:50:56] | 蒙特西尔夫人,1671年4月 |