| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:07] | DNwwy\h\h\h-Satellite | 翻\h译 | 
| [01:01] | Georg? | 格奥尔格 | 
| [01:04] | Why are you still here? | 你为什么还在这 | 
| [01:07] | Paris is being sealed off. You won’t get out. | 巴黎正在被封锁 你出不去了 | 
| [01:09] | -And you? – I leave tomorrow. | -那你呢 -我明天就走 | 
| [01:11] | – For where? – Cassis. | -去哪 -卡西斯 | 
| [01:12] | – Where’s that? – Marseille. | -那个地方在哪 -在马赛 | 
| [01:15] | I’m shipping out. | 我会坐船走 | 
| [01:16] | I have a “danger” visa for the USA. | 我有去美国的”危险”签证 | 
| [01:18] | – What’s that? – A visa for people in great jeopardy. | -那是什么 -给处于极大危险中的人的签证 | 
| [01:23] | – You’re in great jeopardy? – Come on! | -你有危险吗 -拜托 | 
| [01:26] | My articles? The newspaper? | 我的文章 报纸 | 
| [01:32] | You could do me a big favor. | 你可以帮我一个大忙 | 
| [01:35] | There’s some money in it for you. | 我会给你一些报酬 | 
| [01:43] | – Deliver these two letters. – Why don’t you do it? | -帮我送这两封信 -为什么你不亲自送 | 
| [01:47] | They’re for Weidel. You know. | 这两封信是给魏德尔的 你认识 | 
| [01:50] | The writer. | 那个作家 | 
| [01:50] | The great writer. Once great… | 那个很出名的作家 曾经很出名 | 
| [01:52] | I don’t know him. | 我不认识他 | 
| [01:53] | I asked why you don’t deliver them yourself. | 我问你为什么不亲自去送 | 
| [01:56] | I tried. | 我试过 | 
| [01:57] | But the hotel owner was weird. | 但是那个旅馆主人看起来很奇怪 | 
| [02:00] | You got scared? | 你害怕了 | 
| [02:03] | I’d say I was being cautious. | 我这是谨慎 | 
| [02:05] | – Who are the letters from? – One is from his wife. | -这些信是谁写的 -有一封是他的妻子 | 
| [02:08] | – So, who cares? – She seems to. | -所以 谁会在意 -这对她很重要 | 
| [02:11] | The other is from the Mexican Consul. | 另外一封是来自墨西哥领事 | 
| [02:13] | I was friends with Weidel. | 我是魏德尔的朋友 | 
| [02:14] | We have the same publisher… | 我们的出版商是同一个 | 
| [02:16] | When do I get my money? | 我什么时候能拿到钱 | 
| [02:19] | Once you’ve given him the letters. | 你把信送到了就能拿到 | 
| [02:25] | Hotel Ryad, room 6. I’ll be waiting for you here. | 利亚德旅馆六号房 我在这等你 | 
| [02:30] | How will you make it to Cassis? | 你怎么去卡西斯 | 
| [02:41] | – You still letting Heinz drag you down? – No. | -你还跟海因茨在一起吗 -没有 | 
| [02:43] | – Good. – What’s good? | -很好 -什么很好 | 
| [02:47] | We have a spare place in the car. | 车上还有空位 | 
| [02:49] | But just the one. | 但只有一个 | 
| [02:52] | You coming? | 你想去吗 | 
| [02:56] | Yes. | 嗯 | 
| [03:52] | Sorry… | 打扰一下 | 
| [04:00] | – Why didn’t you wait downstairs? – I rang the bell. | -你为什么不在楼下等 -我按门铃了 | 
| [04:04] | – I didn’t hear it. – Apparently not. | -我没听到 -你肯定没听到 | 
| [04:08] | I’m looking for a room. | 我在找一间房间 | 
| [04:10] | – Show me your papers, please. – Show me a room, please. | -请出示文件 -请带我去那个房间 | 
| [04:15] | Take your pick. There are hardly any guests. | 你自己找吧 旅馆里几乎没什么旅客 | 
| [04:18] | Maybe you can advise me. | 也许你能给我些提示 | 
| [04:20] | With a little morning sun… | 沐浴着清晨的阳光 | 
| [04:22] | nice and quiet, with birds in the garden. | 鸟儿在花园嬉戏 安静祥和 | 
| [04:28] | Are you German? From the occupying authorities? | 你是德国人吗 你是从征收机构来的吗 | 
| [04:33] | All guests are registered | 所有的客人都登记过 | 
| [04:35] | I was checked just two weeks back. | 我两周前才被检查过一次 | 
| [04:38] | A little morning sun and birds in the garden | 沐浴着清晨的阳光 鸟儿在花园嬉戏 | 
| [04:40] | Please, Fräulein. | 拜托了 小姐 | 
| [04:45] | Please wait. I’ll get a key from downstairs. | 稍等 我去楼下拿钥匙 | 
| [04:51] | Number 16, it’s a nice room, my nicest… | 十六号 一个好房间 是我这最好的 | 
| [04:54] | two large windows facing south. | 有两扇朝南的大窗户 | 
| [05:16] | 德意志帝国\h\h 护照 | |
| [05:40] | You can’t imagine the trouble the man caused me. | 这个房客给我带来多少麻烦 | 
| [05:44] | He came on the evening of the 15th, just after the occupation. | 他十五号晚上来的 就在占领后不久 | 
| [05:47] | I hadn’t shut my hotel, I’d stayed. | 我没有关闭旅馆 选择留在这 | 
| [05:51] | My father always said not | 我爸爸说不能抛下这不管 | 
| [05:52] | to abandon property or it’d be destroyed. | 否则所有东西都会被毁掉 | 
| [06:02] | Monsieur Weidel came to me. | 魏德尔先生来找我 | 
| [06:04] | He was trembling like a leaf, I found it odd. | 他浑身发抖 我感觉这很奇怪 | 
| [06:08] | When I gave him the form, | 当我让他登记时 | 
| [06:09] | he asked if he could stay off the books. | 他问我能不能不登记 | 
| [06:11] | As you know, Mr. Langeron | 但是郎日隆先生 | 
| [06:12] | still insists on registering all aliens. | 坚持登记所有陌生人 | 
| [06:15] | Order must be maintained. | 规定就是规定 | 
| [06:17] | Right? | 你觉得呢 | 
| [06:19] | This guy made a fuss about his registration. | 这家伙对此很是不满 | 
| [06:21] | He and his wife had already stayed in this room. | 他和她的妻子总是住这个房间 | 
| [06:24] | They loved it. | 他们很喜欢这间房间 | 
| [06:28] | And when it comes down to love… | 每当出现这样温暖的一幕 | 
| [06:30] | I just melt. | 我就心软了 | 
| [06:33] | That’s just how I am. A Frenchwoman through and through. | 法国女人都这样 | 
| [06:36] | Only the one night is what I said. | 我说只能住一晚 | 
| [06:38] | He doesn’t come down the next day. | 第二天他没有下楼 | 
| [06:40] | So I open up with the night key. | 所以我用备用钥匙打开了门 | 
| [06:42] | And find this filthy mess. | 然后我看到里面一团糟 | 
| [06:46] | He was lying already stiff in his own blood. | 他全身僵硬躺在血泊中 | 
| [06:49] | He’d slashed his wrists. | 他割开了自己的手腕 | 
| [06:58] | So where is he now? | 所以他现在在哪 | 
| [07:00] | I know someone at Saint-Sulpice Police. | 我认识警局里的人 | 
| [07:02] | He took care of things | 他帮我处理了这件事 | 
| [07:04] | Unknown corpse, crematorium, unmarked grave. | 无名的尸体 火葬场 无名的墓地 | 
| [07:09] | He caused me more trouble than the occupation. | 他给我带来的麻烦比占领军还多 | 
| [07:13] | What do you want to do with all this? | 你要怎么处理这个 | 
| [07:19] | Would you like to take it? | 你想要拿走它吗 | 
| [07:25] | I just want things to be in order. | 我只是想让一切回到正轨 | 
| [07:52] | Your papers. | 出示证件 | 
| [08:12] | He’s there! There! | 他在那 那边 | 
| [09:19] | It’s me. | 是我 | 
| [09:24] | Where were you? We were worried. | 你去哪里了 我们很担心你 | 
| [09:27] | Claire! What are you doing? | 克莱尔 你在做什么 | 
| [09:29] | They’ll come and find the room. | 他们会发现这个房间的 | 
| [09:30] | We’ll say it’s Jean’s game. | 到时候我们就说这是琴的 | 
| [09:32] | His secret room. He always wanted one. | 他的秘密房间 他一直想要一个 | 
| [09:41] | The marzipan. | 杏仁饼 | 
| [09:43] | I promised it to the boy. | 我答应给那个孩子的 | 
| [09:45] | Melissa’s in Marseille with the kid. | 梅丽莎在马赛等着他 | 
| [09:47] | He rests, then you make for the hills. | 想和他一起去山上 | 
| [09:49] | He won’t make it! | 他撑不了那么久的 | 
| [09:50] | I obtained morphine and three jabs of penicillin. | 我给他打了吗啡和三针盘尼西林 | 
| [09:53] | – Claire packed his bags. – He won’t make it, I say. | -克莱尔已经收拾好行李了 -他撑不住的 | 
| [09:57] | They’re going house to house. | 他们正在彻底搜查这一片 | 
| [10:00] | The neighbor’s husband is with the police. | 有个邻居的丈夫和警察在一起 | 
| [10:02] | She saw the cubbyhole today. | 她今天看到了那个房间 | 
| [10:03] | She’ll report it. They’ll be right here. | 她会报告的 他们很快就会来这 | 
| [10:05] | They’ve set up a camp at the Velodrome. | 他们已经在维罗德罗姆设了集中营 | 
| [10:07] | They’re scouring the district. | 他们正在搜索这片区域 | 
| [10:10] | They call it spring cleaning. | 他们称之为春季大扫除 | 
| [10:27] | Son of a bitch. | 该死 | 
| [10:56] | I got a skeleton key for the door. | 我有一个撬锁工具 | 
| [10:57] | The trip will take four days plus, okay? | 整个旅程会花上四天多 | 
| [11:00] | You can open the shutters on the way. | 你在路上可以开开窗 | 
| [11:03] | To get some light and fresh air. | 看看太阳 呼吸新鲜空气 | 
| [11:06] | But keep them closed at every stop. | 但是每一次停靠都得把窗户关上 | 
| [11:08] | You mustn’t be spotted. Okay? | 不能被发现 明白吗 | 
| [11:13] | When you get to Melissa’s… | 等你到了梅丽莎家 | 
| [11:15] | you wait a few days, | 先等上几天 | 
| [11:17] | and then head out to Henry in the hills. | 然后进山去找亨利 | 
| [11:19] | – How am I to… – You help him. | -我怎样 -你帮他 | 
| [11:22] | You’re going to help them. | 你要帮助他们 | 
| [11:31] | Here, I managed to get you this. | 拿着 会有用的 | 
| [11:34] | Thanks. | 多谢 | 
| [12:21] | Go on. | 快点 | 
| [12:35] | The problem is, you have to subscribe… | 问题是 你必须要签字 | 
| [12:39] | We’re going to… Or hope… | 我们将要去 或者说希望 | 
| [12:42] | – And you wanted to go where? – Marrakesh… | -你想去哪 -马拉喀什 | 
| [12:45] | Oh, cool! Some sunshine… | 噢 很棒 那里总是阳光明媚 | 
| [14:13] | He no longer knew how long he had watched over Heinz. | 他不知道自己照看了海因茨多久 | 
| [14:17] | Finally he had opened the writer’s bag. | 最后他打开了作家的包 | 
| [14:21] | He began to read out of pure boredom. | 纯粹是出于无聊 他看了起来 | 
| [14:25] | He sensed it was his language, his native tongue. | 他看出来这是他的语言 他的母语 | 
| [14:29] | He came across words his poor mother had used to calm him | 当他变得愤怒和残忍的时候 | 
| [14:32] | when he’d gotten angry and cruel. | 他的母亲正是用这语言使他平静 | 
| [14:36] | In this story there were a lot of mad folk, really crazy people, | 这篇小说里有很多愤怒且疯狂的人 | 
| [14:41] | all of whom were mixed up in terrible, nebulous stuff. | 他们被卷入糟糕的事端中 | 
| [14:45] | Even those who strove hard not to be. | 包括那些挣扎反抗的人 | 
| [14:48] | All the people in the story, | 故事里的所有人物里 | 
| [14:50] | and one of them resembled him himself, | 有一个人很像他自己 | 
| [14:53] | didn’t annoy him with their complexity, | 他并没有被生活中的纷乱所惹恼 | 
| [14:55] | as they would have done in life. | 就像他们在生活中会做的那样 | 
| [14:57] | He understood their deeds because he could finally follow them | 他理解他们的行为 | 
| [15:00] | from the very first thought | 因为他跟他们一样 | 
| [15:01] | right till their inevitable conclusion. | 一切都是必然的无法避免的 | 
| [15:05] | Only because the now-dead writer had described them in that way | 因为那个死去的作家那样描写他们 | 
| [15:09] | did they seem less vicious to him… | 才让他们在他眼里没有那么的恶毒 | 
| [15:19] | Two letters were in the rucksack. | 那两封信在他的背包里 | 
| [15:21] | One from his publisher, praising his story | 一封来自他的出版商 答应他要帮他出版 | 
| [15:25] | but regretting that such work was no longer publishable. | 只可惜现在人们不再印这样的故事了 | 
| [15:29] | The second letter was from a woman who must have been his wife. | 第二封信来自作家的前妻 | 
| [15:32] | It said he was not to expect her return, | 上面写道他别再指望她会回来一起生活了 | 
| [15:34] | their life together was over. | 他们的生活结束了 | 
| [15:40] | He remembered the letters Paul had given him for Weidel. | 他想起了保罗让他交给魏德尔的信 | 
| [15:44] | They were still in his breast pocket. | 他们还放在他胸前的口袋里 | 
| [15:46] | One was from the Mexican Consulate in Marseille | 一封来自墨西哥领事 | 
| [15:49] | confirming that Mr. Weidel | 用来证明他是魏德尔先生 | 
| [15:50] | was welcome to come and live in Mexico, | 并且欢迎他去墨西哥生活 | 
| [15:53] | a visa and travel funds were waiting for him. | 并给了签证和差旅费 | 
| [15:57] | The other was from his wife saying she had to see him again, | 另一封自他妻子的信写道她还想再见他 | 
| [16:01] | he was not to dither, she was waiting. | 他没有在犹豫 她在等他 | 
| [16:03] | He must come to her in Marseille at once. | 他必须马上去马赛见她 | 
| [16:07] | A confused letter. But in orderly handwriting. | 一封写得杂乱的信 但是很整洁 | 
| [16:10] | No, not orderly. | 不 不是整洁 | 
| [16:12] | Immaculate. | 这是完美的 | 
| [17:12] | Heinz. | 海因茨 | 
| [17:17] | Heinz? | 海因茨 | 
| [17:21] | Heinz! | 海因茨 | 
| [17:29] | Get off! | 快下来 | 
| [17:39] | Look! A window’s open! | 看 有扇窗开着 | 
| [17:53] | Oh, the stench! | 一股恶臭 | 
| [17:55] | Ugh, he’s dead! | 额 他死了 | 
| [17:59] | Let go. | 放下 | 
| [18:03] | – I’ll get his things. – Yes. | -我来拿他的东西 -好的 | 
| [18:35] | He reached Marseille the next day. | 他第二天到达了马赛 | 
| [18:38] | Blue skies, palms in the wind. | 湛蓝的天空 风中摇曳的棕榈树 | 
| [18:40] | It was cold, the Mistral. | 吹着寒冷的风 | 
| [18:44] | He was tired, no one looked at him. That’s the terrible thing. | 他很累 没人看他一眼 这很糟糕 | 
| [18:49] | Not that they stare at you, your dirty, tired face, | 他们并没有看一眼他脏兮兮的面容 | 
| [18:52] | your torn clothing. | 和褴褛的衣衫 | 
| [18:53] | The terrible thing is that they don’t see you. | 最糟糕的是他们看都不看你一眼 | 
| [18:56] | That you don’t exist in their world. | 让你感觉不到你在这世上的存在 | 
| [19:01] | She tapped his shoulder and he turned round. | 她点了下他的肩膀 他转过身 | 
| [19:03] | That’s when he saw her. | 他看向她 | 
| [19:05] | She looked at him, lightly shook her head, turned away and left. | 她也看着他 轻轻摇头 转身离开 | 
| [19:10] | He watched her go. | 他看着她离开 | 
| [19:12] | Her elegant black coat, her smart shoes. | 她那优雅的黑色外套 她那时髦的鞋子 | 
| [19:15] | Her tired gait. | 她疲惫的步伐 | 
| [19:16] | Again she turned to him, | 再一次 她转身看向他 | 
| [19:19] | stared at him, then walked on. | 盯着他 然后继续走 | 
| [19:22] | In that instant, a police siren sounded, | 在一瞬间 警车的警报声出现 | 
| [19:24] | then a second. | 又在转瞬间消失 | 
| [19:25] | It was a raid. He ran for it. | 警察在寻找犯人 他赶紧逃跑 | 
| [19:56] | Could you go in goal? | 你会踢球吗 | 
| [20:01] | – What time is it? – About 11:00. | -现在几点了 -十一点 | 
| [20:04] | – Shouldn’t you be at school? – No. | -你不是应该在学校吗 -今天不上学 | 
| [20:07] | Today’s Sunday. | 今天是周日 | 
| [20:12] | Want a game? | 踢球吗 | 
| [20:14] | I haven’t played in ages. | 我很久没踢球了 | 
| [20:16] | – You’d just be goalie. – Just goalie! | -你就当守门员 -守门员 | 
| [20:19] | – How exactly would that work? – Are you German? | -那怎么行 -你是德国人吗 | 
| [20:23] | Can you hear it? | 你听的出来吗 | 
| [20:24] | Now, it’s only that they love their goalies. | 现在 他们只爱他们的守门员 | 
| [20:29] | – I don’t know about that. – But they’re good, anyway. | -我不清楚 -但我知道他们很棒 | 
| [20:33] | Well, that’s true. | 那倒是真的 | 
| [20:35] | And you, are you any good? | 你呢 你踢得很好吗 | 
| [20:38] | Yes. | 挺不错的 | 
| [20:39] | Really good? | 你踢得非常好 | 
| [20:41] | Yes. Really good. | 是的 非常好 | 
| [20:44] | Give it here. | 把球给我 | 
| [20:48] | Flat as a pancake. | 像松饼一样光滑 | 
| [21:14] | – How come? – How come what? | -为什么 -什么为什么 | 
| [21:16] | How come I didn’t just score? | 为什么我怎样都进不了球 | 
| [21:18] | Because of your supporting leg. | 因为你只用你的惯用脚 | 
| [21:20] | It shows which way you’re going to shoot. | 我能看出你出球的轨迹 | 
| [21:26] | Scheiße! | 可恶 | 
| [21:27] | You speak German? | 你会说德语 | 
| [21:29] | Shit, one-two pass, Borussia Dortmund. | 可恶 二过一 多特蒙德进球 | 
| [21:33] | Is that all? | 就这些吗 | 
| [21:34] | I can say a couple of other things. | 我还会说点别的 | 
| [22:19] | I have to talk to your mama. | 我得跟你妈妈聊一下 | 
| [22:28] | My name is Georg. I’m a friend of your husband’s. | 我叫格奥尔格 我是你老公的朋友 | 
| [22:32] | We were on our way here… | 在我们来的路上 | 
| [22:35] | He had a leg injury. It got infected. | 他的腿受伤感染了 | 
| [22:39] | He’s dead. | 他去世了 | 
| [23:33] | He looked for a hotel, somewhere calm where he could hide. | 他想找家旅馆 一个他能藏身的安静之处 | 
| [23:38] | All the hotels were crammed. | 所有旅馆都客满了 | 
| [23:40] | The seventh hotel, had a room | 第七家旅馆虽然挂了”无空房”的牌子 | 
| [23:43] | despite the “no vacancies”sign. | 但还有一间空房 | 
| [23:46] | A week up front. | 预付一周房费 | 
| [23:49] | – A week? – If there’s a raid, | -一周的吗 -要是有搜捕 | 
| [23:51] | I’ll be left empty-handed again. | 我就只能空手而归了 | 
| [23:54] | You have no residence permit. | 你又没有居住证 | 
| [23:56] | But I don’t mean to stay here. | 但我不想留在这里 | 
| [23:59] | But you have to prove that. | 但你得有证明 | 
| [24:02] | – And how do I do that? – You go to the police station | -那我要怎么证明 -去警察局 | 
| [24:06] | and show them your visa and ship’s passage. | 给他们看你的签证和船票 | 
| [24:10] | So… | 所以 | 
| [24:11] | I can only stay here if… | 我得证明我不想留下来 | 
| [24:14] | I can prove that I don’t want to stay? | 我才能住在这里吗 | 
| [24:22] | How much? | 多少钱 | 
| [24:25] | He knew the woman would betray him… | 他知道这个女人会背叛他 | 
| [24:27] | Tomorrow, if not today. | 不是今天就是明天 | 
| [24:29] | He was exhausted. He almost didn’t care. | 但他精疲力尽了 什么也不在乎了 | 
| [24:32] | The price the woman wrote down was obscene. | 那个女人写下的价格很离谱 | 
| [24:36] | It was all he had. | 是他的所有家当 | 
| [24:40] | He saw the others hanging around the lobby, anxious, | 他看到那些在大厅里徘徊的人 | 
| [24:43] | eager to tell him, the new arrival, their stories… | 想要把他们的故事告诉他这个新来的人 | 
| [24:48] | and which country was issuing transits or visas. | 告诉他要从哪个国家过境或得到了签证 | 
| [24:52] | Later, up in the room, he thought of the writer. | 之后在房间里 他想起了作家 | 
| [24:56] | He picked up his last manuscript but it no longer enchanted him. | 他拿起了他最后的手稿 但已索然无味 | 
| [25:01] | He was famished and his cigarette tasted foul. | 他饥肠辘辘 香烟味道也不好 | 
| [25:06] | He lay down on the bed, tried to sleep his hunger away. | 他躺在床上 想用睡眠驱赶饥饿 | 
| [25:09] | Tomorrow he’d take the writer’s things to the Mexican Consulate | 明天他就把作家的东西带去墨西哥领事馆 | 
| [25:13] | and perhaps receive a finder’s fee and buy something to eat. | 也许能领到酬金买点东西吃 | 
| [25:16] | And then… | 然后 | 
| [25:19] | Something would turn up. | 也许会有转机 | 
| [25:22] | His hunger was excruciating. | 他饥火烧肠 | 
| [25:54] | This is my work contract. | 这是我的工作合同 | 
| [25:57] | Caracas. | 在加拉加斯 | 
| [25:58] | I’m a conductor. You know Caracas? | 我是个指挥家 你知道加拉加斯吗 | 
| [26:02] | You see? I’m supposed to start on September 1. | 你看 我应该在9月1号开工 | 
| [26:07] | This… | 这 | 
| [26:10] | is my visa. It came punctually. | 这是我的签证 来得挺准时 | 
| [26:12] | They want modern music, | 他们想要现代音乐 | 
| [26:14] | I’m surprised myself, | 我自己也挺惊讶的 | 
| [26:16] | I’m a known Reger and Nono specialist, | 我指挥雷格和诺诺的作品很有名气 | 
| [26:18] | but modern music in Caracas? | 但在加拉加斯演奏现代音乐吗 | 
| [26:19] | Who listens to it there? | 那里有谁会听啊 | 
| [26:24] | They want twelve passport photos. | 他们要12张护照照片 | 
| [26:26] | Look: one, two, three… | 你看 一张 两张 三张 | 
| [26:29] | four, five, six, seven… | 四张 五张 六张 七张 | 
| [26:32] | eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve. | 八张 九张 十张 十一张 十二张 都在这了 | 
| [26:34] | They’re all there. | 都在这了 | 
| [26:36] | I’m not smiling, my ears are visible. | 我没有笑 还露了耳朵 | 
| [26:38] | Those are both big mistakes. | 这些可是大错 | 
| [26:41] | – Yes. – I’ve had rejections. | -是啊 -我以前被拒过 | 
| [26:44] | And that cost me… | 那次花了我 | 
| [26:46] | This is my ship passage. | 这是我的船票 | 
| [26:48] | The ship has two stops in the USA and Mexico. | 船会在美国和墨西哥停两站 | 
| [26:51] | So I need the transits. | 所以我得要过境签证 | 
| [26:53] | Maybe you’re thinking, “That lucky chap | 你也许会想 这个幸运的小子 | 
| [26:55] | is bound to get his stupid transits”. | 一定能拿到过境签证的 | 
| [26:57] | But no. They’re afraid. | 但不是这样 他们很害怕 | 
| [27:00] | Afraid we’ll disembark and stay. | 怕我们会下船留在那里 | 
| [27:05] | – Do you have anything to eat? – What? | -你想吃点什么吗 -什么 | 
| [27:09] | I do not. | 我不想 | 
| [27:11] | He looked at the conductor. | 他看着指挥 | 
| [27:13] | And all the others who wanted to tell their stories. | 还有其他想要讲述自己故事的人 | 
| [27:16] | How they’d narrowly escaped death. | 他们如何死里逃生 | 
| [27:18] | About the children, the men, | 关于他们逃亡路上 | 
| [27:19] | the women that they had lost on the run. | 失去的孩子 男人 女人的故事 | 
| [27:22] | The horrific things they had seen. | 以及他们曾目睹的可怖之事 | 
| [27:24] | He couldn’t stand to hear it anymore. | 他再也听不下去了 | 
| [27:26] | Don’t you dare say they’re sweet. | 你要是敢说它们可爱 | 
| [27:29] | I hate them. | 我恨它们 | 
| [27:30] | I’d turn them into mincemeat if I could. | 真想把它们都剁成肉末 | 
| [27:34] | They belong to two Americans, Amy and John Blumenberg. | 它们是两个美国人的 艾米和约翰·布鲁曼伯格 | 
| [27:37] | They made a mad dash for the last plane to Washington. | 他们疯狂地冲上了最后一架去华盛顿的飞机 | 
| [27:41] | Can’t say I blame them. | 我也不好责怪他们 | 
| [27:43] | John’s a Jew. Like me. | 约翰是犹太人 和我一样 | 
| [27:46] | They couldn’t take the dogs. I’m to bring them by ship. | 他们没法带上狗 我会坐船带上它们 | 
| [27:49] | In exchange they’ll vouch for me | 作为交换 他们会为我担保 | 
| [27:51] | and I’ll get a visa. | 我就能拿签证了 | 
| [27:52] | So I’m stuck here waiting for a Mexican transit | 所以我才被困在这里 等着墨西哥过境签证 | 
| [27:55] | and the damn veterinary certificate. | 还有该死的兽医证明 | 
| [27:58] | I designed their house. | 我帮他们设计了房子 | 
| [28:00] | Then he thought, | 然后他想 | 
| [28:02] | – “This is Marseille. It’s a port.” – Look! | -这可是马赛 是个港口 -看 | 
| [28:05] | “And ports are places where stories | 港口是讲故事的地方 | 
| [28:08] | are told, that’s what they’re there for. | 这就是港口的作用 | 
| [28:09] | The people here have every right to tell stories”. | 这些人完全有权力讲故事 | 
| [28:12] | After all… – “And to be listened to.” | -毕竟 -也有权力被倾听 | 
| [28:14] | I don’t want to stay in your Mexico… | 我不想待在你的墨西哥 | 
| [28:17] | I hate them. Them and their mutts. | 我恨他们 还有他们的狗 | 
| [28:21] | That’s going too far. They’re trying to scare us. | 那太离谱了 他们就想吓我们 | 
| [28:24] | – My life insurance. – Shit. This is mad. | -我的人寿保险 -该死 太疯狂了 | 
| [28:30] | 813. | 813号 | 
| [28:33] | That’s you. | 是你 | 
| [28:35] | Yes. | 没错 | 
| [28:53] | – Only the passport, thanks. – You wanted? | -只要护照 谢谢 -你要什么 | 
| [28:57] | – A visa? – A transit visa. | -签证吗 -过境签证 | 
| [29:00] | – To go to? – America. | -去哪里 -美国 | 
| [29:11] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 | 
| [29:13] | – These letters and this manuscript… – Your number, please. | -这封信和手稿 -请给我你的号码 | 
| [29:23] | This one? | 这个吗 | 
| [29:31] | What is your business here? | 你来办什么业务 | 
| [29:34] | I am not the consul, I’m just here to categorize applications | 我不是领事 我只负责分类申请表 | 
| [29:39] | and transfer them accordingly. | 并转交到相应部门的 | 
| [29:41] | I’m here about the Weidel matter. | 我是为了魏德尔的事来的 | 
| [29:44] | – Weidel the writer? – Yes. | -那个叫魏德尔的作家吗 -对 | 
| [29:47] | – I am… – One moment, please. | -我是 -稍等一下 | 
| [30:04] | The Consul is expecting you. If you would… | 领事在等你 你能否 | 
| [30:28] | Your wife was just here. | 你的妻子刚刚来过 | 
| [30:34] | The two visas. The ship passages. | 两份签证 还有船票 | 
| [30:38] | A money order. | 还有汇款单 | 
| [30:41] | There’s a branch of Western Union | 在麻田街有一家西联分行 | 
| [30:43] | on the Canebière. Open round the clock. | 24小时营业 | 
| [30:45] | You only have three weeks until your ship sails. | 在船开前你只有三个星期 | 
| [30:49] | So hurry up and arrange for transits for the USA and Spain. | 尽快办理好美国和西班牙的过境签证吧 | 
| [30:53] | They’re building camps in Aix and Cassis, | 他们正在艾克斯和卡西斯建营地 | 
| [30:54] | 西联汇款单 收款人 法郎·魏德尔 金额 2500美金 | |
| [30:55] | the cleansing will begin. | 大清洗即将开始了 | 
| [30:57] | Sorry, there’s been a misunderstanding. | 抱歉 好像有些误会 | 
| [31:00] | There is no direct passage to Mexico. | 到墨西哥没有直航 | 
| [31:02] | You need transits. | 你得要过境签证 | 
| [31:04] | Everyone’s afraid you’ll all stay. | 所有人都担心你们会留下来 | 
| [31:11] | What was your wife’s name again? | 你的妻子叫什么名字来着 | 
| [31:19] | Your wife’s name. | 你妻子的名字 | 
| [31:23] | You can hardly have forgotten your wife’s name. | 你总不见得把妻子的名字忘了吧 | 
| [31:28] | She comes here almost every day to ask about you. | 她几乎每天都会来问你的情况 | 
| [31:33] | Come at once, my love… | 快来 我的爱人 | 
| [31:36] | Marie | 玛丽 | 
| [31:39] | Marie. | 叫玛丽 | 
| [31:41] | Right. Marie. | 没错 玛丽 | 
| [31:44] | She cried and cried. | 她一直在哭 | 
| [31:50] | She left me. | 她离开了我 | 
| [31:55] | One thing interests me. It’s more of a question. | 有件事我很好奇 其实我有个问题 | 
| [32:00] | Who is the first to forget, | 谁会最先忘记对方 | 
| [32:02] | he who is left, or she who left him? | 是被抛弃的他 还是离开他的她 | 
| [32:09] | I’m interested in your opinion as a writer. | 我很好奇你作为作家的观点 | 
| [32:18] | I can hardly remember her. | 我已经记不太清她了 | 
| [32:31] | It was on that afternoon that I first saw him. | 在当天下午 我第一次看到了他 | 
| [32:34] | He’d cashed the money order, was sitting at the window | 他取了钱 坐在窗边 | 
| [32:37] | eating warm slices of Margherita | 吃着还热乎的玛格丽特披萨 | 
| [32:40] | and drinking a chilled rosé. | 喝着冰镇玫瑰红葡萄酒 | 
| [32:43] | Outside, people were walking past carrying shopping bags. | 窗外 人们拎着购物袋匆匆走过 | 
| [32:47] | Fear and chaos will soon reign here, | 他说 恐惧和混乱很快就将笼罩此地 | 
| [32:50] | and all they can think of is going shopping, he said. | 但他们满脑子想的却都是购物 | 
| [32:54] | I told him about a film in which zombies besiege a shopping mall. | 我和他说了一部僵尸围攻超市的电影 | 
| [32:58] | “Yes”, he said, “even the dead are lost for ideas.” | 他说 没错 即使是死者也会为思想所迷 | 
| [33:41] | Feel like playing? | 想玩玩吗 | 
| [33:46] | I brought you something. | 我给你带了点东西 | 
| [33:50] | I can’t, I’m sick. | 我玩不了 我生病了 | 
| [33:53] | – Is your mama there? – She’s at work. | -你妈妈在这里吗 -她上班去了 | 
| [34:24] | – Do you listen to the radio? – It’s broken. | -你会听广播吗 -它坏了 | 
| [34:33] | – Did it take a fall? – I don’t know. | -是摔坏了吗 -我不知道 | 
| [34:42] | Can you repair it? | 你能修好它吗 | 
| [34:47] | I can try. | 我可以试试 | 
| [34:51] | Will you help me? | 你会帮我吗 | 
| [35:05] | So… | 这样 | 
| [35:10] | Okay… | 好的 | 
| [35:32] | Can you hold it? Like this? | 能帮我扶一下吗 像这样 | 
| [35:48] | Okay, and now… | 好了 现在 | 
| [35:50] | hold it over the flame. | 把它放在烛火上 | 
| [35:54] | Not too close to the flame, where the temperature is lower. | 别离得太近 内焰温度更低 | 
| [35:57] | Yes, that’s it. | 没错 就是这样 | 
| [36:02] | I’m borrowing this for a bit. | 我要借用一下这个 | 
| [36:07] | Okay… A little this way… | 好的 再往这里一点 | 
| [36:14] | Let’s check if it works. | 看看修好了没有 | 
| [36:17] | Don’t hold your breath. Breathe easy. | 别屏住呼吸 轻松呼吸就好 | 
| [36:22] | Like playing football. Just breathe nice and calmly. | 就像踢足球那样 平静地呼吸 | 
| [36:29] | Now bring the spoon over… | 现在把勺子拿过来 | 
| [36:43] | A little closer. Yes, okay. | 再拿近一点 好了 就这样 | 
| [36:45] | Back! | 拿回去 | 
| [36:55] | Okay… Looks good. | 好了 看着不错 | 
| [36:59] | Then let’s have a look. | 我们来试试 | 
| [37:18] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 | 
| [37:21] | I know this song. | 我知道这首曲子 | 
| [37:23] | My mother sung me to sleep with it… | 我妈曾经唱过这首歌哄我睡觉 | 
| [37:34] | ♪ The codfish comes home ♪ | ♪ 鳕鱼回了家 ♪ | 
| [37:41] | ♪ The elephant ♪ | ♪ 大象 ♪ | 
| [37:44] | ♪ Stomps home ♪ | ♪ 跺着脚回了家 ♪ | 
| [37:48] | ♪ The ant ♪ | ♪ 蚂蚁 ♪ | 
| [37:51] | ♪ Rushes home ♪ | ♪ 急匆匆赶回了家 ♪ | 
| [37:54] | ♪ The lanterns are lit ♪ | ♪ 灯笼亮了 ♪ | 
| [37:57] | ♪ The day has flown ♪ | ♪ 一天结束了 ♪ | 
| [38:55] | Mama’s asking if this is your job. | 妈妈在问这是你的工作吗 | 
| [38:59] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [39:01] | I’m a trained radio and TV technician. | 我是个受过训的无线电和电视机维修员 | 
| [39:12] | Did you complete your apprenticeship? | 你的学徒期结束了吗 | 
| [39:15] | No. | 没有 | 
| [39:17] | The fascists got in the way of that. | 被法西斯分子们打断了 | 
| [39:34] | Can you sing the song again? | 你能再唱一遍那首歌吗 | 
| [39:39] | Mama wants to watch you sing. | 妈妈想看你唱歌 | 
| [39:53] | ♪ The butterfly ♪ | ♪ 蝴蝶 ♪ | 
| [39:56] | ♪ Comes home ♪ | ♪ 回了家 ♪ | 
| [40:00] | ♪ The little bear ♪ | ♪ 小熊 ♪ | 
| [40:03] | ♪ Comes home ♪ | ♪ 回了家 ♪ | 
| [40:09] | ♪ The codfish ♪ | ♪ 鳕鱼 ♪ | 
| [40:10] | No, one second. | 不对 等一下 | 
| [40:12] | ♪ Swims home ♪ | ♪ 游回了家 ♪ | 
| [40:15] | ♪ The lanterns are lit ♪ | ♪ 灯笼亮了 ♪ | 
| [40:18] | ♪ The day has flown ♪ | ♪ 一天结束了 ♪ | 
| [40:22] | Now comes the codfish. | 这段才是鳕鱼 | 
| [40:25] | ♪ The codfish ♪ | ♪ 鳕鱼 ♪ | 
| [40:28] | ♪ Swims home ♪ | ♪ 游回了家 ♪ | 
| [40:32] | ♪ The elephant ♪ | ♪ 大象 ♪ | 
| [40:35] | ♪ Stomps home ♪ | ♪ 跺着脚回了家 ♪ | 
| [40:39] | ♪ The ant ♪ | ♪ 蚂蚁 ♪ | 
| [40:42] | ♪ Rushes home ♪ | ♪ 急匆匆赶回了家 ♪ | 
| [40:45] | ♪ The lanterns are lit ♪ | ♪ 灯笼亮了 ♪ | 
| [40:48] | ♪ The day has flown ♪ | ♪ 一天结束了 ♪ | 
| [40:52] | ♪ Fox and goose ♪ | ♪ 小狐狸和小白鹅 ♪ | 
| [40:55] | ♪ Come home ♪ | ♪ 回家吧 ♪ | 
| [40:59] | ♪ Cat and mouse ♪ | ♪ 小猫咪和小老鼠 ♪ | 
| [41:02] | ♪ Come home ♪ | ♪ 回家吧 ♪ | 
| [41:05] | ♪ Man and wife ♪ | ♪ 爸爸和妈妈 ♪ | 
| [41:08] | ♪ Come home… ♪ | ♪ 回家吧 ♪ | 
| [41:10] | He broke off. | 他突然停止 | 
| [41:12] | It knocked the wind out of him, as the saying goes. | 或者说是他失声了 | 
| [41:15] | He might have cried, he could feel it. | 他能感觉到他要哭了 | 
| [41:18] | Melissa and Driss were looking at him. | 梅丽莎和德里斯看着他 | 
| [41:20] | Driss said that it was already late and | 德里斯说已经很晚了 | 
| [41:23] | asked whether he wanted to sleep over. | 问他是否愿意在这过夜 | 
| [41:26] | He said he had urgent business, then | 他说他有急事 | 
| [41:29] | walked through the night to the hotel. | 走了一整晚到旅馆 | 
| [41:32] | He promised to spend the following day with Driss. | 他答应第二天再来找德里斯 | 
| [41:36] | The song went round and round in his mind. | 这首歌在他脑海里回荡 | 
| [41:39] | ♪ All are dreaming Thoughts do roam ♪ | ♪ 所有的人都在做梦 ♪ | 
| [41:45] | ♪ Tales are weaving on their own ♪ | ♪ 故事在梦里慢慢讲述 ♪ | 
| [41:50] | ♪ As the evening rests upon our home… ♪ | ♪ 当夜幕降临我们家 ♪ | 
| [42:26] | One second. | 马上 | 
| [42:32] | Papers. And residence permit. | 你的文件 居住证 | 
| [42:34] | – On the table. – Oh yes? | -在桌子上 -是嘛 | 
| [42:37] | Then please show them to us. | 拿过来看看 | 
| [42:42] | We’re in a hurry. Get on with it. | 我们很忙 快点 | 
| [43:30] | He saw the woman, as if snuffed out. | 他看见那个女人 面如死灰 | 
| [43:34] | He heard the screams of her husband and children. | 他听到她丈夫和孩子们的哭喊声 | 
| [43:37] | He saw the others watching like him. | 他看到其他人都像他一样看着 | 
| [43:39] | Were they without pity? | 他们不会于心不忍吗 | 
| [43:41] | Relieved that it wasn’t them? | 因为不是自己而松了口气吗 | 
| [43:43] | He noticed the woman with the dogs in one of the doorways. | 他注意到门口站着那个带着狗的女人 | 
| [43:48] | Their gazes met. | 他们目光相遇 | 
| [43:49] | They looked at each other for a long instant. | 彼此对视了很长时间 | 
| [43:52] | Then averted their eyes. | 又躲开了 | 
| [43:54] | And he knew what was making everyone so still and hushed: | 他知道人们袖手旁观的原因 | 
| [43:58] | It was shame. | 他们觉得很羞愧 | 
| [44:01] | They were ashamed. Terribly ashamed. | 他们很羞愧 非常羞愧 | 
| [44:08] | The next day he went and picked Driss up, | 第二天他去接了德里斯 | 
| [44:10] | who led him to a dusty fairground by the sea. | 带到海边一个尘土飞扬的游乐场 | 
| [44:34] | Mama and I are heading for the mountains. Will you join us? | 妈妈和我要去山里 你要一起吗 | 
| [44:41] | If you manage… | 如果你能 | 
| [44:44] | If you manage to shoot the can into the drain, | 把这个瓶子投进下水道 | 
| [44:47] | we’ll go and train. | 我们就去 | 
| [44:49] | The drain there? | 那边那个下水道吗 | 
| [44:50] | – Uh-huh. – Okay. | -对 -可以 | 
| [44:51] | Wait up. We don’t want it to be too easy. | 等等 可不能这么容易 | 
| [44:58] | Supporting leg… | 支撑腿 | 
| [45:00] | – Shit! – Nah… | -没进 -没事 | 
| [45:02] | You get another go. | 再试一次 | 
| [45:07] | No, wait, you’re too close. Back up a bit. Yes… | 不对 你离太近了 退后一点 就这样 | 
| [45:15] | A chocolate sundae. | 一个巧克力圣代 | 
| [45:20] | I have something to take care of. I’ll be right back, okay? | 我有点事 马上回来 好吗 | 
| [45:24] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪里 | 
| [45:26] | Across the street. To the place with the flag. | 对面 插着国旗的房子那里 | 
| [45:29] | It won’t take long. | 不会很久的 | 
| [45:32] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 | 
| [45:49] | Want a bite to eat? | 想吃点东西吗 | 
| [46:24] | Yes. | 来了 | 
| [46:35] | Why didn’t you try to get a visa for the United States? | 你为什么不申请美国的签证 | 
| [46:39] | Many of your colleagues did. | 很多作家都去美国了 | 
| [46:43] | You were afraid your application for a visa | 你担心你的申请 | 
| [46:45] | would be rejected. | 会被拒绝 | 
| [46:49] | Am I right? | 我说得对吗 | 
| [46:52] | The series of articles in the New Frontier | 《新边疆》报上的连载文章 | 
| [46:54] | about the shooting of unionists | 关于阿尔梅里亚工会成员 | 
| [46:55] | in Almería with the help of the CIA. | 在中央情报局的帮助下被枪杀 | 
| [46:59] | You had a part in it. | 你也参与其中 | 
| [47:02] | No. | 没有 | 
| [47:06] | The New Frontier is a communist paper. | 《新边疆》是共产党的报纸 | 
| [47:10] | I had no part in it. | 我没有参与 | 
| [47:19] | Why Mexico? | 为什么选择墨西哥 | 
| [47:21] | You think they welcome communists? | 你觉得他们会欢迎共产主义者 | 
| [47:23] | I said I had no part in it. | 我说了我没有参与 | 
| [47:25] | What draws you to Mexico? | 是什么吸引你去墨西哥 | 
| [47:27] | What will you live from? | 你靠什么养活自己 | 
| [47:30] | I’ll try to practice a trade. | 我可以试着找工作 | 
| [47:38] | What trade would that be? | 哪个行业 | 
| [47:41] | Radio and TV technician. | 广播电视技术员 | 
| [47:43] | – You don’t want to write about all this? – No. | -你不想继续写这些吗 -不想 | 
| [47:49] | But it’s what writers do. | 但这是作家的工作 | 
| [47:57] | When I was a small boy, | 我小时候 | 
| [47:59] | I often went on school outings. | 学校经常组织郊游 | 
| [48:03] | Some were great. | 玩得很开心 | 
| [48:05] | But unfortunately… | 糟糕的是 | 
| [48:07] | the next day our teacher would have us write an essay: | 第二天老师要我们写作文 | 
| [48:11] | “Our School Trip.” | 《我们的郊游》 | 
| [48:15] | And after the holidays, there was always an essay: | 假期过后 也要写作文 | 
| [48:19] | “What I did on Holiday.” | 《假日一天》 | 
| [48:21] | Or “The Best Part of the Holidays.” | 或者《假日轶事》 | 
| [48:28] | And even after Christmas, the presents and festivities, | 就连圣诞节拆完礼物之后 | 
| [48:32] | there’d always be the essay: | 也要写作文 | 
| [48:35] | “My Christmas.” | 《我的圣诞节》 | 
| [48:38] | At some point it felt like I was experiencing it all | 就好像 做所有的事情都是为了 | 
| [48:41] | just to write a school essay about it. | 完成学校的作文 | 
| [48:45] | And for all the writers who were with me in the camps, | 和我一起在集中营的所有作家 | 
| [48:48] | all the terrifying and horrific events | 唯一可以写的 | 
| [48:52] | were only material for their writing. | 就是恐怖故事 | 
| [48:56] | The camp. The escape. | 集中营 逃跑 | 
| [48:59] | Death. | 死亡 | 
| [49:01] | The war. | 战争 | 
| [49:08] | I won’t be writing any more school essays. | 我不会再写学校的作文了 | 
| [49:14] | That’s a weighty confession from a man such as you. | 这种话从你们嘴里说出来太沉重了 | 
| [49:35] | He’s not moving. | 他不动了 | 
| [49:44] | Sorry. | 借过一下 | 
| [50:27] | Don’t like it? | 不喜欢吗 | 
| [50:29] | Want something else? | 还要别的吗 | 
| [50:34] | Do you want to leave? | 你要走吗 | 
| [50:37] | For America? | 去美国吗 | 
| [50:41] | For Mexico. | 去墨西哥 | 
| [50:44] | When? | 什么时候 | 
| [50:46] | On the 23rd. | 23号 | 
| [50:48] | Aboard the Montréal. | 蒙特利尔港口坐船 | 
| [50:53] | We could have ice cream somewhere else. At the port, say. | 要不去别的地方吃冰淇淋 港口怎么样 | 
| [51:00] | Or we go work on your support leg. | 还是继续练习支撑腿 | 
| [51:05] | And then he noticed that the boy was crying. | 他看到男孩在哭 | 
| [51:07] | And how he was trying to hold back the tears. | 又在强忍泪水 | 
| [51:11] | I have to flee. | 我必须要走 | 
| [51:12] | He saw the exertion | 他看到他的坚强 | 
| [51:13] | and wanted to embrace and console the boy, | 他想拥抱和安慰这个男孩 | 
| [51:15] | explain to him why he had to leave. | 向他解释他为什么要离开 | 
| [51:18] | You can all go fuck yourselves! | 你们全都走吧 | 
| [52:21] | How’s the conductor? | 售票员怎么样 | 
| [52:23] | He didn’t make it. | 没救了 | 
| [52:26] | Can you buy me a meal? | 你能请我吃饭吗 | 
| [52:28] | – Sorry? – Can you buy me a meal? | -什么 -你能请我吃饭吗 | 
| [52:33] | The dogs are eating me out of house and home, I’m broke. | 狗把我吃穷了 我没钱了 | 
| [52:36] | I thought the vet’s certificate would come sooner… | 我以为兽医的证明很快能办下来 | 
| [52:39] | Wait here. | 等我一下 | 
| [52:45] | The woman had given me a note. | 那个女人给了我一张纸 | 
| [52:47] | She was apparently deaf and dumb. | 她是个聋哑人 | 
| [52:49] | I’ll go… | 我去看看 | 
| [52:51] | Many refugees try to earn a little money with such things. | 许多难民试图用这些东西挣点钱 | 
| [52:55] | They put notes and little toys on the customers’ tables | 他们把笔记和小玩具放在客人桌上 | 
| [52:58] | and ask for a donation. | 希望客人能捐点钱 | 
| [53:00] | But this woman was looking for a doctor for her son, | 但这个女人在为她儿子找医生 | 
| [53:03] | and hoped to find one among the Germans. | 希望能找一个德国医生 | 
| [53:06] | And off he went. He asked around among the refugees. | 他去了 在难民中四处打听 | 
| [53:10] | He very quickly found a doctor in a hotel at the port. | 他很快在港口的一家旅馆里找到一位医生 | 
| [53:14] | A pediatrician from Kassel. | 卡塞尔的儿科医生 | 
| [53:18] | – Hello. – Yes? | -你好 -你好 | 
| [53:19] | I understand there’s a doctor here. | 请问医生在吗 | 
| [53:22] | One second. | 等等 | 
| [53:30] | It’s for you. | 找你的 | 
| [53:40] | – We urgently need a doctor. – Who is we? | -我们急需医生 -谁 | 
| [53:43] | A boy. About eight years old. | 一个男孩 大概八岁 | 
| [53:45] | – What’s wrong? – I don’t know. | -他怎么了 -我不知道 | 
| [53:49] | He’s having trouble breathing. | 他呼吸困难 | 
| [53:50] | Why not go to the emergency room? | 为什么不去急诊室 | 
| [53:52] | He’s illegal. He and his mother. | 他和他妈妈 没有居住证 | 
| [53:55] | – And you are not? – No, I am, too. | -你也没有 -我也没有 | 
| [54:01] | – Is it far? – Ten minutes. | -远吗 -走过去10分钟 | 
| [54:04] | One second, I’ll get my bag. | 等一下 我去拿包 | 
| [54:14] | – I’ll see you later. – Yes. | -待会儿见 -行吧 | 
| [54:30] | – Was it something he ate? – I don’t know. | -他吃东西了吗 -我不知道 | 
| [54:34] | I haven’t seen him since yesterday. | 从昨天起我就没见过他 | 
| [54:40] | I’m not his father. | 我不是他的父亲 | 
| [54:42] | He’s a friend’s son. | 他是我朋友的儿子 | 
| [54:47] | The friend died. Not long ago. | 我朋友几天前死了 | 
| [54:54] | – His mother is deaf and dumb. – What’s the boy’s name? | -他母亲聋哑人 -那男孩叫什么名字 | 
| [54:57] | – Driss. – An African? | -德里斯 -非洲人 | 
| [54:59] | Melissa, his mother, is from the Maghreb. | 梅丽莎 他的母亲 马格里布人 | 
| [55:04] | Driss is asthmatic. | 德里斯有哮喘 | 
| [55:08] | Try to breathe deep into your stomach. | 深呼吸 | 
| [55:15] | You can get dressed again. | 可以穿上衣服了 | 
| [55:19] | Were you outside a lot recently? | 你最近经常在外面吗 | 
| [55:24] | You have to spend a few days here in bed. | 你得在家躺几天 | 
| [55:27] | Tell your mother to make you something good. | 让妈妈给你做点好吃的 | 
| [55:31] | Do you have a favorite dish? | 你喜欢吃什么菜 | 
| [55:33] | No, there must be something you particularly like, right? | 不 你肯定有特别喜欢的 | 
| [55:38] | Pancakes, maybe? | 煎饼 | 
| [55:43] | Maybe your mother can make you some. | 你妈妈可以做点给你吃 | 
| [55:48] | I’ll fetch her. | 我和她说 | 
| [55:53] | Would you come here? | 你能过来吗 | 
| [56:00] | Only his mother. | 门口等着 | 
| [56:07] | He’s had a bad attack of asthma. | 他哮喘发作得很厉害 | 
| [56:09] | He has to remain in bed. | 他必须卧床休息 | 
| [56:12] | These are some drops to be taken | 这是药 | 
| [56:13] | three times daily after meals. | 饭后服用 一天三次 | 
| [56:15] | The Mistral is not good for him. | 他不能吹冷风 | 
| [56:17] | Mama and I are going to the mountains. | 我和妈妈打算去山里 | 
| [56:20] | The mountains will do you good. | 山里不错 | 
| [56:23] | – What did you do to the boy? – Excuse me? | -你对那个男孩怎么了 -什么 | 
| [56:27] | You must have done something for him to refuse to see you… | 你一定做了什么 他才不想见你 | 
| [56:31] | or even let you into his room. | 连房间都不让你进 | 
| [56:40] | I’m leaving him behind. | 我要抛弃他了 | 
| [56:43] | – You aren’t going into the mountains? – No. | -你不一起去爬山 -不 | 
| [56:46] | And he’d hoped you’d go with them in his father’s place. | 他希望你能一起去 代替他父亲 | 
| [56:56] | And why aren’t you going with them? | 你为什么不和他们一起去 | 
| [56:59] | I’m leaving for Mexico. | 我要去墨西哥 | 
| [57:06] | What? | 怎么了 | 
| [57:12] | I want to go there, too. | 我也想去 | 
| [57:14] | So why don’t you? | 那你为什么不去呢 | 
| [57:18] | – Are you still missing documents? – No, I’ve got them all. | -文件不齐 -文件没问题 | 
| [57:22] | – When does your ship sail? – On Tuesday. | -什么时候的船 -星期二 | 
| [57:26] | So what is the problem? | 你为什么不去 | 
| [57:31] | I have to leave someone behind, too. | 我也得抛弃一个人 | 
| [57:34] | – Who? – A woman. | -谁 -一个女人 | 
| [57:42] | May I buy you a meal? | 一起吃个饭如何 | 
| [57:47] | We could have gotten away three weeks back. | 我们本来可以在三周前走的 | 
| [57:50] | You didn’t need a damn visa or transit back then. | 那时候不需要签证也不需要过境 | 
| [57:56] | It was all arranged, I had the ship passages. | 一切都安排好了 船票也有 | 
| [58:01] | We were almost gone, | 我们差一点就走了 | 
| [58:02] | the anchor was being weighed, as they say. | 万事俱备 只欠东风 | 
| [58:06] | Then she disembarked | 她下了船 | 
| [58:09] | and I followed. | 我跟着也下了船 | 
| [58:11] | And now you can’t leave. | 现在你走不了了 | 
| [58:17] | I can. | 可以走 | 
| [58:19] | I have a visa. The transits. And a passage. | 有签证 有过境签 有船票 | 
| [58:24] | The Esperanza sails on Tuesday. | 埃斯佩朗莎号星期二开船 | 
| [58:26] | At 21:00 hours, from wharf twelve. | 晚上九点 十二号码头出发 | 
| [58:28] | Via Lisbon and Montevideo. | 途经里斯本和蒙得维的亚 | 
| [58:31] | I got the transits for Portugal and Uruguay today. | 我今天拿到了葡萄牙和乌拉圭的过境签 | 
| [58:35] | And you will embark? | 你会上船吗 | 
| [58:37] | This will go to hell in two weeks. | 两周后这里就不能待了 | 
| [58:39] | They’re already in Lyon, as you probably know. | 你可能知道 他们已经在里昂了 | 
| [58:42] | And you mean to leave her behind? | 你打算把她留下 | 
| [58:52] | I have to set up a hospital. They’re expecting me. | 我要建一家医院 他们在等我 | 
| [58:57] | It’s my job. I can’t wait any longer. | 这是我的工作 我不能再等了 | 
| [59:00] | – And does she know? – I told her. | – 那她知道吗 -我告诉了她 | 
| [59:06] | I have to go. People in need are waiting. | 我必须走了 需要帮助的人在等我 | 
| [59:09] | – She knows it. – I see. | -她知道这点 -我懂 | 
| [59:14] | You see? | 你懂吗 | 
| [59:16] | Yes. I see. | 我懂 | 
| [59:19] | You have a bad conscience and want my blessing. | 你心里愧疚 希望我能祝福你 | 
| [59:29] | I doubt you’re capable of giving blessings. | 我怀疑你是否有能力祝福我 | 
| [59:32] | Or even comfort. | 甚至是安慰 | 
| [59:46] | Did you find him? | 找到他了吗 | 
| [59:56] | – Here. Have a bite to eat. – Thanks. | – 吃点东西吧 – 谢谢 | 
| [1:00:00] | Go on. | 来吧 | 
| [1:00:05] | You’re the man who needed a doctor. | 你是之前找医生的那个人 | 
| [1:00:08] | Yes… I am. | 是我 | 
| [1:00:11] | The gentleman here has made up his mind. | 这位先生已经下定决心了 | 
| [1:00:14] | He’s going to Mexico and leaving a little boy here. | 他将要去墨西哥 遗弃一个孩子在这 | 
| [1:00:17] | What the hell? | 你说什么呢 | 
| [1:00:19] | You made your decision. Or am I missing something? | 你已经做出了决定 难道我说错了吗 | 
| [1:00:23] | You love the boy, it’s obvious. | 很明显 你爱那个男孩 | 
| [1:00:26] | I noticed how hurt you were | 我能发觉到你十分伤心 | 
| [1:00:28] | when he wouldn’t have you in his room. | 当那个男孩不让你进他房间的时候 | 
| [1:00:31] | You love him yet you’re abandoning him. | 你爱那个男孩但是你依然抛弃了他 | 
| [1:00:34] | He is not my son. | 他不是我的儿子 | 
| [1:00:36] | What difference does that make? She is not my wife. | 这又如何呢 她也不是我的老婆 | 
| [1:01:00] | He heard her footfall, | 这个男人听着她的脚步声 | 
| [1:01:03] | the chiming doorbell, then she vanished into the night. | 摔门声 直到她消失在夜色之中 | 
| [1:01:08] | He left the Mont Ventoux soon after. | 他不久后就会离开文图斯山 | 
| [1:01:12] | As he turned back, he saw the doctor | 当他转过身时 他看见医生 | 
| [1:01:14] | sitting at his table, forlorn. | 一个人孤独地坐在那 | 
| [1:01:16] | The doctor seemed to be crying. | 他似乎在哭 | 
| [1:01:19] | Then he returned to his hotel, | 然后他回到了他的旅馆 | 
| [1:01:21] | to his own loneliness. | 去享受自己的孤独 | 
| [1:01:42] | Yes? | 有人吗 | 
| [1:01:44] | It’s Georg. | 是我 格奥尔格 | 
| [1:01:47] | From yesterday evening. | 昨晚来的那个人 | 
| [1:01:55] | He isn’t here. | 他不在这 | 
| [1:01:59] | You can wait. He’ll be back soon. | 你可以等一会 他马上回来了 | 
| [1:02:15] | – Tea? – Gladly. | -喝茶吗 -谢谢 | 
| [1:02:26] | – Where is he, then? – He went back to the boy. | -他去哪了 -他去看昨天那个男孩了 | 
| [1:02:30] | Has something happened to Driss? | 德里斯又出什么事了吗 | 
| [1:02:33] | No. He’s just double-checking. | 没有 他只是去复查一下 | 
| [1:02:38] | He’s a good doctor. A great one. | 他是一个好医生 一个非常好的医生 | 
| [1:02:46] | Do you know a good second-hand shop in Marseille? | 你知道马赛有一家不错的二手店吗 | 
| [1:02:49] | – What are you looking for? – Nothing. I’m selling. | -你想要买什么吗 -没有 我在卖东西 | 
| [1:02:54] | Have you run out of money? | 你没钱了吗 | 
| [1:02:57] | That, too. | 是的 | 
| [1:03:05] | He might be late. | 他可能会迟点回来了 | 
| [1:03:08] | He will probably go and confirm his passage, too. | 他可能去确认自己的通行证了 | 
| [1:03:11] | So he’s leaving? | 所以他要走了吗 | 
| [1:03:13] | Yes. He really is. | 是的 | 
| [1:03:17] | And you’re staying? | 你留在这里吗 | 
| [1:03:19] | What choice do I have? | 我有选择吗 | 
| [1:03:21] | Do you want to leave? | 你想留在这里吗 | 
| [1:03:26] | He told me you almost left once. What was it he said? | 他告诉过我 你们差一点就走了 他说 | 
| [1:03:31] | The anchor had been weighed as she disembarked. | 船刚要启航的时候 但是你下船了 | 
| [1:03:34] | – Or something like that. – Yes. | -如果没记错的话 -是的 | 
| [1:03:36] | But now you would stay on board? | 但是你现在愿意走了吗 | 
| [1:03:40] | What changed? | 发生了什么吗 | 
| [1:03:44] | Everything. | 很多事 | 
| [1:03:52] | Who is the first to forget: | 你觉得 谁会先遗忘对方 | 
| [1:03:54] | he who is left, or she who left him? | 离开的男人 还是留下的女人 | 
| [1:04:00] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 | 
| [1:04:05] | – He has forgotten me. – Who? | -他已经忘了我 -谁 | 
| [1:04:09] | My husband. | 我丈夫 | 
| [1:04:11] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道的 | 
| [1:04:13] | The Consul told me. | 那个领事告诉我的 | 
| [1:04:16] | What Consul? | 哪个领事 | 
| [1:04:19] | The Mexican one. | 一个墨西哥人 | 
| [1:04:23] | Had he suspected it? | 他怀疑了吗 | 
| [1:04:24] | I said we had to go. | 我说我们必须要走了 | 
| [1:04:26] | He sat with her, listened… | 他坐在她的身旁 倾听 | 
| [1:04:30] | He was smoking, writing, drinking. | 我丈夫抽烟 写作 酗酒 | 
| [1:04:30] | … as she told how she’d left her husband… | 她告诉了我 她是怎样离开她丈夫的 | 
| [1:04:33] | The Germans were at the city gates. | 德国人已经要来了 | 
| [1:04:35] | … in Paris, | 在巴黎 | 
| [1:04:36] | and had got into the doctor’s car. | 是怎么遇到医生的 | 
| [1:04:39] | … I met him there. | 我在那遇见了他 | 
| [1:04:40] | And fled the Germans. | 以及如何从德国人手上逃出来的 | 
| [1:04:42] | It was easy to get in the car with him, | 跟着他很容易上车 | 
| [1:04:45] | and to write my husband a good-bye letter. | 并且给我丈夫写了封告别信 | 
| [1:04:48] | A final one. | 最后一封 | 
| [1:04:50] | She’d looked for him in Marseille… | 然后她在马赛找她的老公 | 
| [1:04:52] | And he’s here. | 因为他在这里 | 
| [1:04:53] | … at the Mexican Consulate, in front of the American one. | 他在墨西哥领事馆 在美国领事馆的对面 | 
| [1:04:57] | On the Canebière. | 在麻田街 | 
| [1:04:59] | At the Mont Ventoux. | 在文图斯山上 | 
| [1:05:02] | Her desperate, pointless search. | 她绝望无助的寻找着 | 
| [1:05:10] | I’ve been looking ever since. | 我一直找到现在 | 
| [1:05:12] | And everyone had just seen him. …had just seen him. | 只要有人见过他的地方 | 
| [1:05:15] | At the Western Union. | 比如西部联盟 | 
| [1:05:17] | The American Consul, the Mexican one. | 美国领事馆 墨西哥领事馆 | 
| [1:05:20] | I’m always too late. | 我总是迟来一步 | 
| [1:05:24] | They say that those who’ve been left | 他们说那些被遗弃的人 | 
| [1:05:26] | never forget. But it’s not true. | 永远不会忘了对方 但是这不是真的 | 
| [1:05:29] | They have the sweet, sad songs. Pity is with them. | 他们有甜美 悲伤的歌 怜悯与他们同在 | 
| [1:05:35] | Those who leave, no one is with them. | 然而离开的人 他们一无所有 | 
| [1:05:40] | They have no songs. | 他们没有歌 | 
| [1:05:42] | Marie! | 玛丽 | 
| [1:05:45] | He did not forget you. | 他没有忘记你 | 
| [1:05:49] | He’s hiding from me. | 但是他躲着我 | 
| [1:05:52] | Why did you disembark back then? | 为什么你那时候不肯走 | 
| [1:05:57] | Did you want to go back to him? | 你是想回到他身边吗 | 
| [1:06:01] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 | 
| [1:06:07] | Why are you looking for him, then? | 那你为什么要找他 | 
| [1:06:10] | He has my visa. | 我的签证在他那里 | 
| [1:06:13] | I can’t get away without him. | 我一个人走不了 | 
| [1:06:17] | I wrote him a letter, | 我写过信给他 | 
| [1:06:19] | an acquaintance brought it to him in Paris. | 一个熟人去巴黎的时候带给了他 | 
| [1:06:21] | In it I wrote that he should come to Marseille, | 信里我说了 他需要来马赛 | 
| [1:06:25] | that our visas are here. | 我们的签证在这 | 
| [1:06:29] | He received the letter. | 他收到了那封信 | 
| [1:06:32] | I know he did. | 他肯定收到了 | 
| [1:06:43] | Do you love the doctor? | 你爱医生吗 | 
| [1:07:24] | I will take care of you. | 我会照顾你的 | 
| [1:07:37] | Who are you? | 你是谁 | 
| [1:07:58] | – What are you doing here? – I wanted to see you. | -你在这里做什么 -我在等你 | 
| [1:08:03] | Ah, yes? | 是吗 | 
| [1:08:18] | The boy is feeling better. The cortisone has taken effect. | 那个男孩好多了 药起到效果了 | 
| [1:08:22] | He’ll be playing again in two or three days. | 再过两天他就好了 | 
| [1:08:25] | You bought rucksacks. | 你买了背包 | 
| [1:08:28] | And hiking boots. | 还有登山靴 | 
| [1:08:30] | What you’re planning is insane. | 你的计划实在是太疯狂了 | 
| [1:08:33] | And what am I planning? | 我计划什么了 | 
| [1:08:35] | You mean to cross the Pyrenees with her. | 你想带她翻过比利牛斯山脉 | 
| [1:08:41] | Have you already sold your passage? | 你把你的通行证卖了吗 | 
| [1:09:03] | I can get Marie a visa and a passage to Mexico. | 我能给玛丽签证和去墨西哥的通行证 | 
| [1:09:11] | You can go ahead. | 你可以先走 | 
| [1:09:14] | I’ll follow you with Marie. | 我跟玛丽随后就来 | 
| [1:09:19] | On the 23rd. Aboard the Montréal. | 23号 在蒙特利尔. | 
| [1:09:23] | Do tell us how much you want. Five thousand? | 告诉我们你要多少钱 5000吗 | 
| [1:09:27] | But let’s say you’ll need two thousand in advance. | 你是需要先预支2000元 | 
| [1:09:30] | You have functionaries to bribe. | 去贿赂工作人员吗 | 
| [1:09:32] | But you have great contacts, we’re lucky to have met you. | 还是说你有很好的人脉吗 | 
| [1:09:36] | I don’t want a thing. | 我不需要钱 | 
| [1:09:37] | That answer makes you less plausible. | 这个答案让你不那么可信 | 
| [1:09:42] | Now please leave. | 请回吧 | 
| [1:09:45] | I need Marie’s date of birth and so on. | 我需要玛丽的出生年月等信息 | 
| [1:09:48] | We meet at Mont Ventoux at 2:00 p.M. | 我们下午2点在文图山见面 | 
| [1:09:52] | I’ll bring the visa and passage. | 我会带着签证和通行证的 | 
| [1:10:01] | He said he looked through the window and saw Marie and Richard… | 他透过窗子看着玛丽和理查德 | 
| [1:10:06] | and then she had looked up as if she knew he was standing there, | 玛丽抬起头 就好像知道他站在那里 | 
| [1:10:10] | and she smiled. | 她微笑得看着他 | 
| [1:10:13] | Later they sat together. | 然后他进去跟他们坐在一起 | 
| [1:10:16] | Visa, passage. | 签证 通行证 | 
| [1:10:17] | He had the visa and the passage, | 他弄到了签证和通行证 | 
| [1:10:19] | and Richard was mistrustful and went to the port authorities | 理查德不相信 去了港务局 | 
| [1:10:22] | to have the passage checked. | 核实了证件 | 
| [1:10:25] | – I’m having this checked. – Yes. Do that. | -我要去核实下 -好的 你去吧 | 
| [1:10:40] | The two of them sat there and waited. | 然后他们两坐在那里等待 | 
| [1:10:42] | One might have taken them for lovers. | 有人会把他们当作是情侣 | 
| [1:10:46] | I saw they were holding hands. | 他们牵着手 | 
| [1:10:48] | I also saw that Marie was crying. | 玛丽哭了下来 | 
| [1:10:52] | He later said that with Marie he never knew | 他后来跟玛丽说 他不知道 | 
| [1:10:54] | if hers were tears of joy or despair. | 玛丽是伤心而哭还是喜极而泣 | 
| [1:10:58] | I saw that he kissed her. | 他吻了玛丽 | 
| [1:10:59] | And I saw that she let herself be kissed. | 玛丽情愿如此 | 
| [1:11:12] | Then Richard came back. They ordered pizza and wine. | 然后理查德回来了 点了披萨跟葡萄酒 | 
| [1:11:15] | And celebrated provisionally, as Richard put it, | 作为暂时的庆祝 | 
| [1:11:18] | because the transits for Spain and the US were still missing. | 因为仍然没有去西班牙和美国的船 | 
| [1:11:22] | – When does your ship sail? – On the 23rd. | -你船票是几号的 -23号 | 
| [1:11:26] | – Of this month? – I doubt there’ll be a ship next month. | -这个月吗 -应该是下个月走 | 
| [1:11:31] | You should have applied for your wife’s transit at once. | 你必须立刻申请你妻子的过境 | 
| [1:11:35] | It will be very tricky… Just enter her in the section marked: | 这很棘手 需要让她成为 | 
| [1:11:39] | “Person accompanying the transit-applicant”. | 过境申请人随行人员 | 
| [1:11:43] | Are you telling me how to do my job? | 你在教我怎么工作吗 | 
| [1:11:48] | You are peculiar. | 你这个人真奇怪 | 
| [1:11:51] | For wanting to emigrate with my wife? | 我等我的妻子一起走奇怪吗 | 
| [1:11:53] | You didn’t want to a few days ago. | 几天前你可不是这样的 | 
| [1:11:56] | You spoke of real work | 那时候你在这讲作家真正的工作 | 
| [1:11:59] | and the parasitic nature of writers. | 以及他们的寄生本质 | 
| [1:12:01] | How it repulses you. | 那使你有多么的厌恶 | 
| [1:12:05] | And now you speak to me of true love? | 而现在你却跟我说 你因为爱要等会儿走 | 
| [1:12:09] | The two of you in Mexico, | 你们两个人在墨西哥 | 
| [1:12:12] | a little house, a garden. | 在一个小房子里的花园里 | 
| [1:12:14] | You come back from work, and your wife, | 你工作回来 你的妻子 | 
| [1:12:17] | whom I had the pleasure to meet | 她十分友好 | 
| [1:12:20] | and who is extremely gracious… | 极其优美 | 
| [1:12:24] | she’ll be sitting there… | 她站在那里 | 
| [1:12:27] | chopping herbs for dinner. | 做着晚饭 | 
| [1:12:29] | You’ll watch her sitting there | 她坐在那里 | 
| [1:12:32] | among the bushes playing in the wind… | 在随风吹拂的灌木丛中 | 
| [1:12:34] | Perhaps you should be the writer. | 可能你才是个作家 | 
| [1:13:04] | You’ll be able to collect the documents | 在这几天内 | 
| [1:13:06] | in a few days on production of this. | 你就可以取到文件了 | 
| [1:13:10] | Thanks. | 谢谢 | 
| [1:13:17] | One last question. | 最后一个问题 | 
| [1:13:20] | What was the last thing you wrote? | 作为作家 你写的最后一个故事是什么 | 
| [1:13:34] | A man had died. | 一个男人死了 | 
| [1:13:37] | He was to register in hell. | 他去地狱报道 | 
| [1:13:41] | He waited in front of a large door. | 他站在一扇大门前等待 | 
| [1:13:44] | He waited a day, two. | 他等了一天又一天 | 
| [1:13:47] | He waited weeks. Months. Then years. | 等了数周 数月 数年 | 
| [1:13:51] | Finally a man walked past him. | 终于有个男人路过 | 
| [1:13:54] | The man waiting addressed him, | 等的这个人拦住了他 说道 | 
| [1:13:55] | “Perhaps you can help me. I’m supposed to register in hell.” | 也许你可以帮助我 我需要去地狱报道 | 
| [1:13:59] | The other man looks him up and down, says, | 那个男人看了他一下 说道 | 
| [1:14:04] | “But sir, this here is hell.” | 先生 这里就是地狱 | 
| [1:14:14] | Richard didn’t want her to accompany | 理查德不想让她送别 | 
| [1:14:16] | him to the ship, but Marie insisted. | 但是玛丽坚持要来 | 
| [1:14:22] | Richard shook Georg’s hand, | 理查德与格奥尔格握了握手 | 
| [1:14:24] | then held the door for Marie as if it were she who was leaving. | 为玛丽关上车门 仿佛是玛丽离开似的 | 
| [1:14:33] | He told me that he then went upstairs to wait for Marie. | 他说在楼上等玛丽回来 | 
| [1:14:39] | The bottle of wine they’d drunk | 他们离别前喝的酒瓶 | 
| [1:14:40] | by way of farewell was still on the table. | 还仍在桌上摆着 | 
| [1:14:44] | He sat down, drank again alone. | 他坐下来 一个人喝着酒 | 
| [1:14:47] | He smoked. He waited. | 他边抽烟边等着 | 
| [1:14:49] | He went to the window. Opened it. | 他走到窗户旁 打开它 | 
| [1:14:52] | And then he saw her coming. | 他看见她回来了 | 
| [1:15:50] | Wait a little. | 等一下 | 
| [1:16:09] | Come. | 来 | 
| [1:16:40] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 | 
| [1:16:45] | For what? | 为什么道歉 | 
| [1:16:49] | What are you sorry for? | 怎么了 | 
| [1:16:55] | I’m not coming with you. | 我不会跟你一起去的 | 
| [1:16:59] | I can’t go with you. I’m staying here. | 我不能和你一起走 我要留在这里 | 
| [1:17:07] | So what was the point of all this? | 那做这一切你是为了什么 | 
| [1:17:12] | I wanted Richard to sail. | 我希望理查德能离开这 | 
| [1:17:15] | He has to go to Mexico. | 他必须要去墨西哥 | 
| [1:17:19] | And you? | 你呢 | 
| [1:17:24] | I’m searching for my husband. | 我要继续找我的丈夫 | 
| [1:17:46] | Georg. | 格奥尔格 | 
| [1:17:48] | Wait. | 等等 | 
| [1:17:58] | Marie, your husband is dead. | 玛丽 你的丈夫已经死了 | 
| [1:18:02] | No. | 没有 | 
| [1:18:04] | He isn’t. | 他没有死 | 
| [1:18:23] | He said that Richard had already been on board | 他告诉我理查德本来已经上船了 | 
| [1:18:26] | when a group of French officers | 却遇到了一群法国军官 | 
| [1:18:28] | had claimed the cabins for themselves | 声称这几间船舱是他们的 | 
| [1:18:30] | and he and a few others were forced to disembark. | 他和其他几个人就被迫下了船 | 
| [1:18:34] | He had listened to Richard and his depressing story. | 他听了理查德和他那令人沮丧的故事 | 
| [1:18:37] | Marie had sat down with Richard to console him. | 玛丽和理查德坐下来安慰他 | 
| [1:18:40] | He was inconsolable, completely destroyed. | 他是无法安慰的 完全被摧毁了 | 
| [1:18:44] | He, Georg, was still standing at the window. | 他 格奥尔格 仍然站在窗边 | 
| [1:18:47] | It seemed to him that he had been standing there all evening. | 在他看来 他整个晚上都站在那里 | 
| [1:18:52] | He had left at some point. Left them there on the bed. | 他在某个时候离开了 把他们留在了床上 | 
| [1:18:56] | He couldn’t remember how he had taken his leave. | 他不记得他是怎么离开的 | 
| [1:18:59] | He had looked at Marie once more. | 他再次望向玛丽 | 
| [1:19:01] | He said she didn’t return his gaze. | 但她没有再看他一眼 | 
| [1:19:04] | Then he had walked through the night, finally gone to his hotel. | 然后他走了一整夜 终于回到了他的旅馆 | 
| [1:19:09] | There he lay and thought that in a few days he would be gone. | 他躺在那里 心想 过几天他就走了 | 
| [1:19:12] | Then the evening song he had sung to Driss came to mind. | 唱给德里斯的那首夜曲浮现在他的脑海里 | 
| [1:19:17] | He had never before felt so cold. | 他从未感到如此寒冷 | 
| [1:19:43] | Driss? | 德里斯 | 
| [1:19:48] | It’s me. | 是我 | 
| [1:19:53] | Good morning. | 早上好 | 
| [1:20:04] | I’m looking for Melissa and Driss. | 我找梅丽莎和德里斯 | 
| [1:20:08] | But this is their apartment? | 这是他们的公寓吗 | 
| [1:20:10] | They’re gone. | 它们走了 | 
| [1:20:12] | – Where did they go? – Far away. | -他们去哪儿了 -很远的地方 | 
| [1:20:17] | When did they leave? | 什么时候离开的 | 
| [1:20:24] | Thanks. | 谢谢 | 
| [1:20:46] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 | 
| [1:20:49] | Sorry. | 抱歉 | 
| [1:20:54] | May I invite you to dinner? | 我可以请你吃饭吗 | 
| [1:21:06] | Thanks. | 谢谢 | 
| [1:21:16] | – Your health. – Yes. | -祝你健康 -谢谢 | 
| [1:21:19] | Your health. | 也祝你健康 | 
| [1:21:40] | – Where are your dogs? – They’re gone. | -你的狗呢 -不在了 | 
| [1:21:44] | They ran away? | 跑丢了吗 | 
| [1:21:46] | They’re dead. | 它们死了 | 
| [1:21:49] | – I’m sorry. I didn’t know… – I don’t want a conversation. | -对不起 我不知道 -我无意交谈 | 
| [1:21:56] | I simply want to eat and drink and not be alone. | 只是想有人陪我吃饭而已 | 
| [1:22:01] | He said that she had him roll her a cigarette, | 她让他给她卷烟 | 
| [1:22:05] | paid the waiter after the coffee, | 喝完咖啡后付钱给服务员 | 
| [1:22:07] | and they’d walked into the evening. | 然后他们一起散步 | 
| [1:22:09] | Rudy Ricciotti was the architect… | 鲁迪·里齐奥蒂是一位建筑师 | 
| [1:22:12] | And that they did speak after all, about an architect, | 他们还是聊了天 聊起一个建筑师 | 
| [1:22:15] | Ricciotti, | 里齐奥蒂 | 
| [1:22:17] | whose footbridge so brilliantly connects | 他的人行天桥多么巧妙地连接了 | 
| [1:22:17] | 该建筑作品是位于马赛的欧洲和地中海文明博物馆 勒帕尼耶街区自17世纪以来一直是海员和移民的住处 是文化艺术聚集地 | |
| [1:22:19] | the Panier district with the old fort. | 有旧堡垒的勒帕尼耶街区 | 
| [1:22:23] | Of how she’d looked forward to being in Marseille because of it. | 聊到因为这个她有多想来到马赛 | 
| [1:22:29] | …and the blocks he had coated with patterned concrete. | 一座外墙是带有花纹的混凝土的建筑 | 
| [1:22:33] | From the inside you can see out through them. It’s beautiful. | 站在里面可以透过外墙看到外面 多美 | 
| [1:22:43] | Can I have one, too? | 可以给我一根吗 | 
| [1:22:59] | They smoked together. | 他们一起抽烟 | 
| [1:23:01] | He said how he felt so at ease in that moment, | 他说他在那一刻感到很自在 | 
| [1:23:05] | he could forget Marie, everything was quiet and clear. | 他可以忘记玛丽 让一切都归于平静 | 
| [1:23:49] | He spent the last days, often laying there in his room, waiting. | 在最后几天里 他经常躺在房间里等着 | 
| [1:23:55] | He said that all he now wanted was to be gone. | 他说他现在想要的只有离开 | 
| [1:23:59] | He only went out at night. | 他只有在晚上才出去 | 
| [1:24:03] | He saw Richard once, who seemed completely desperate. | 有一次他看到好像彻底绝望的理查德 | 
| [1:24:08] | He said he hid like a coward. | 他说他像个懦夫一样躲了起来 | 
| [1:24:11] | He said he was afraid of meeting Marie. | 他说他害怕遇到玛丽 | 
| [1:24:19] | Then he packed. | 然后他收拾了行李 | 
| [1:24:21] | It was the last evening. | 那是最后一个晚上 | 
| [1:24:23] | The following afternoon he was to embark and disappear. | 次日下午 他便要出发并销声匿迹 | 
| [1:25:20] | At last I’ve found you. | 我终于找到你了 | 
| [1:25:24] | Everyone turned to look at them. | 每个人都转过身来看着他们 | 
| [1:25:26] | This passionate embrace seemed to make | 如此热情的拥抱似乎让 | 
| [1:25:28] | my patrons a little aggressive. | 我的顾客们有点嫉妒 | 
| [1:25:31] | Folk don’t like other people’s joy | 因为当人们遭遇不幸时 | 
| [1:25:33] | when they’re suffering misfortune. | 不想看到别人的快乐 | 
| [1:25:39] | The mood in the Mont Ventoux was somber. | 文图斯山披萨店里情绪低落 | 
| [1:25:43] | Avignon was just being cleansed, as they call it. | 据消息称 阿维尼翁刚被大清洗过 | 
| [1:25:47] | The camps were full and the deportations beginning. | 难民营人满了 驱逐开始了 | 
| [1:25:50] | Now they were advancing towards Marseille. | 现在他们正向马赛挺进 | 
| [1:25:54] | He later told me she repeatedly whispered | 他后来告诉我她反复说 | 
| [1:25:56] | that he should take her with him. | 他应该带她一起走 | 
| [1:25:59] | That she had been so afraid she might not find him anymore. | 她害怕再也找不到他了 | 
| [1:26:05] | Then they went to his, she didn’t want to go back to hers. | 所以来找他 不想再独自一人 | 
| [1:26:09] | She already had everything, she said, pointing at her travel bag. | 她所有的东西都在旅行袋里了 | 
| [1:26:18] | I am so thirsty. | 我渴了 | 
| [1:26:21] | I only have water. | 我只有水 | 
| [1:26:23] | That’s fine. | 都行 | 
| [1:26:26] | He said she sat beside him on the bed, exhausted, | 他说她坐在他旁边的床上 疲惫不堪 | 
| [1:26:29] | and asked for a glass of water. | 要了一杯水喝 | 
| [1:26:32] | Later, in front of the bathroom mirror, | 后来 在洗手间的镜子前 | 
| [1:26:34] | he again thought of the unfortunate writer, her husband, | 他又想起了那个不幸的作家 她的丈夫 | 
| [1:26:37] | and wanted to tell her everything. | 他想把一切都告诉她 | 
| [1:26:46] | When he went back in, he found her lying on the bed. | 当他回去的时候 他发现她躺在床上 | 
| [1:26:49] | He looked at her, so calm and gentle and peaceful. | 他看着她 如此平静 温柔又安宁 | 
| [1:26:54] | It was the first time he’d seen her like that. | 他第一次看到她这样 | 
| [1:26:58] | She must’ve been walking about for days and nights on end. | 她一定是一连好几天都在走路 | 
| [1:27:02] | Day broke, they had to go to the consulate | 天亮了 他们要去领事馆 | 
| [1:27:05] | and then quickly embark. | 然后迅速登船 | 
| [1:27:18] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 | 
| [1:27:27] | He said that he didn’t doubt for a moment | 他说他毫不怀疑 | 
| [1:27:29] | that he would get the documents in time. | 他会及时拿到那些文件 | 
| [1:27:33] | They still had three hours before the ship was to sail. | 还有三个小时开船 | 
| [1:27:37] | He saw Marie down there, | 他看到玛丽在那里 | 
| [1:27:38] | the morning sun was falling on the corner, | 清晨的阳光洒在角落里 | 
| [1:27:41] | and she was shielding her eyes with a hand. | 她用一只手遮着眼睛 | 
| [1:27:44] | Suddenly he remembered Driss, | 突然他想起了德里斯 | 
| [1:27:46] | who had sat there, too, | 曾经也坐在那里 | 
| [1:27:48] | – Mr. Weidel! …- in front of an ice cream he hadn’t touched. | -魏德尔先生 -面前的冰淇淋一直都没吃 | 
| [1:27:51] | Yes. | 在 | 
| [1:27:52] | Then his name was called. | 然后轮到他了 | 
| [1:27:56] | Marie! | 玛丽 | 
| [1:28:26] | To the port, please. | 到港口 | 
| [1:28:36] | It’s like going Christmas shopping in New York. | 这就像纽约的圣诞购物 | 
| [1:28:39] | – You’ve been to New York? – Yes. | -你去过纽约吗 -去过 | 
| [1:28:42] | He bought me the coat there. | 他在那里给我买了这件外套 | 
| [1:28:44] | – Richard? – No, my husband. | -理查德吗 -不 我丈夫 | 
| [1:28:52] | He’ll be standing at the railing and looking back at the harbor. | 他会站在栏杆后回望港口 | 
| [1:28:56] | He sits backwards on trains, too. | 坐火车的时候 他总是反向坐 | 
| [1:28:58] | – Yes? – Yes! | -是吗 -是的 | 
| [1:29:02] | What railing? | 什么栏杆 | 
| [1:29:04] | The ship’s one. | 那艘船的 | 
| [1:29:07] | What ship? | 什么船 | 
| [1:29:09] | Our ship. The Montréal. | 我们的船 蒙特利尔号 | 
| [1:29:12] | What makes you think he’ll be aboard the Montréal? | 是什么让你认为他会在蒙特利尔号上 | 
| [1:29:16] | The Mexican told me. | 那墨西哥人告诉我的 | 
| [1:29:21] | You went back to the Consulate? | 你又去领事馆了吗 | 
| [1:29:26] | Imagine his face… | 想象一下他的脸 | 
| [1:29:30] | when he’s standing at the railing, | 当他站在栏杆旁边 | 
| [1:29:33] | and I whisper his name and he turns round to me. | 我低声说出他的名字 他转向我 | 
| [1:29:37] | He won’t be standing at the railing. | 他不会站在栏杆旁 | 
| [1:29:40] | He will. | 他会 | 
| [1:29:42] | He’ll be there. | 他会在的 | 
| [1:29:45] | And he’ll forgive me. | 他会原谅我 | 
| [1:29:47] | I know him. He’ll laugh and forgive me. | 我了解他 他会笑着原谅我 | 
| [1:29:58] | You’ll like him. | 你会喜欢他的 | 
| [1:30:30] | This is your passage. | 这是你的登船证 | 
| [1:30:34] | And… | 还有 | 
| [1:30:37] | You still have to fill in the number here. | 你还需要在这填入数字 | 
| [1:30:39] | This is the transit. | 这是过境证 | 
| [1:30:43] | – Okay? – Thanks. | -知道了吗 -谢谢 | 
| [1:30:45] | Take care of it. | 保管好 | 
| [1:31:03] | Pull over, please. | 停一下 | 
| [1:31:06] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 | 
| [1:31:08] | I forgot something. | 我忘了一些东西 | 
| [1:31:11] | Georg… | 格奥尔格 | 
| [1:31:13] | – Is it important? – I’ll be right there. | -很重要吗 -我马上就来 | 
| [1:31:48] | Hello? | 有人吗 | 
| [1:31:52] | Hello… | 有人吗 | 
| [1:32:10] | Richard? | 理查德 | 
| [1:32:12] | What is it you want now? | 你又来干什么 | 
| [1:32:14] | – Shouldn’t you be embarking? – I have a passage for you. | -你不该登船了吗 -我有登船证给你 | 
| [1:32:23] | Pack only bare essentials. | 只打包必需品 | 
| [1:32:25] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 | 
| [1:32:29] | He said that Richard had stared at him | 他告诉我 理查德注视着他 | 
| [1:32:31] | and he knew he’d have to make up a story pretty quick. | 他知道 他必须快速编个故事 | 
| [1:32:35] | There was no time for the truth. So he asked Richard for money. | 没有时间说真话了 所以他向理查德要钱 | 
| [1:32:40] | Richard asked no questions, gave him the money. | 理查德没有再问 给了他钱 | 
| [1:32:42] | Five thousand. Almost all the cash he had. | 五千 他几乎所有的现金 | 
| [1:32:46] | He handed him the passage and Richard hurried down to the street, | 拿到登船证后 理查德快步走上街 | 
| [1:32:49] | and he stood up at the window with Richard below | 他站在窗口 理查德就在楼下 | 
| [1:32:52] | waiting for the taxi. | 等出租车 | 
| [1:32:55] | And when it arrived, Richard looked up once more, | 等车来了 理查德再次抬头 | 
| [1:32:58] | and was there not a little contempt in his eyes? | 难道他的眼睛里没有一点轻蔑吗 | 
| [1:33:03] | Richard thought he was a tout, a human-trafficker, | 理查德认为他是一个商人 一个人贩子 | 
| [1:33:06] | someone who profited from the misfortune of refugees. | 赚难民钱的人 | 
| [1:33:13] | He looked out to sea. | 他望向大海 | 
| [1:33:15] | Finally the ship’s horn sounded. | 听到汽笛声响起 | 
| [1:33:18] | And then he saw the Montréal out at sea. | 然后他看到了海上的蒙特利尔号 | 
| [1:33:23] | He carried on waiting even after | 即使船消失在地平线上 | 
| [1:33:25] | it had vanished over the horizon. | 他还在继续等待 | 
| [1:33:28] | He looked at me with weary eyes. | 他用疲倦的眼神看着我 | 
| [1:33:30] | – He smiled. – I’m boring you. | -他笑了 -我让你厌烦了 | 
| [1:33:32] | – He asked if he was boring me. – What will you do now? | -他问我是否烦他了 -你现在打算怎么办 | 
| [1:33:36] | I have money. | 我有钱 | 
| [1:33:38] | The doctor’s hiking boots fit me. | 医生的登山靴很合脚 | 
| [1:33:40] | I’ll try to make it over the Pyrenees. | 我打算翻越比利牛斯山脉 | 
| [1:33:42] | You yourself said it’s insane. | 你自己也说过这太疯狂了 | 
| [1:33:47] | Is Avignon occupied? | 阿维尼翁不是已经被占领了吗 | 
| [1:33:51] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [1:34:01] | Can I leave this with you? | 能替我保管吗 | 
| [1:34:14] | Of course. | 当然 | 
| [1:34:52] | Marie… | 玛丽 | 
| [1:35:27] | – Excuse me… – Yes? | -打扰一下 -什么事 | 
| [1:35:29] | A lady was supposed to sail yesterday on the Montréal. | 一位女士本该昨天登上蒙特利尔号的 | 
| [1:35:32] | I wanted to ask you if you could… | 请问你可以 | 
| [1:35:36] | Karim… | 卡里姆 | 
| [1:35:37] | Do number 12. And hurry, we don’t have much time. | 去看一下12号 快点 没时间了 | 
| [1:35:40] | Could you check the passenger list to see if she really sailed? | 你能看一下旅客名单 看她是否上船了吗 | 
| [1:35:46] | – Her name is? – Marie… Weidel. | -她叫什么 -玛丽 魏德尔 | 
| [1:35:49] | W-e… | 魏 | 
| [1:35:51] | W-e-i-d-e-l. | 魏 德 尔 | 
| [1:35:54] | – Marie Weidel. – Marie Weidel. | -玛丽 魏德尔 -玛丽 魏德尔 | 
| [1:35:56] | – Yes. – Yes? | -有 -有吗 | 
| [1:35:57] | She was on board. | 她上船了 | 
| [1:36:00] | “Was” on board? | 真的上船了吗 | 
| [1:36:02] | I’m terribly sorry. | 我很抱歉 | 
| [1:36:04] | Normally we’d deal with the relatives. But… | 通常情况下我们会联系亲属的 但是 | 
| [1:36:08] | You know, they’re at the city gates, the raids will have begun. | 你知道 他们在城门口 搜捕已经开始 | 
| [1:36:11] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 | 
| [1:36:14] | – I thought you knew… – Thought I knew what? | -我以为你知道 -知道什么 | 
| [1:36:17] | The Montréal hit a mine this morning | 今早蒙特利尔号撞上了一个矿井 | 
| [1:36:19] | just off the Balearic Islands. | 就在巴利阿里群岛附近 | 
| [1:36:21] | It sank. There were no survivors. | 船沉了 无一幸存 | 
| [1:36:26] | My condolences. | 节哀 | 
| [1:36:53] | He sat with his back to the door… | 他背对着门坐着 | 
| [1:36:56] | and gave a start every time the door opened. | 每次门打开的时候 都给了他一个开始 | 
| [1:37:00] | He seemed to be willing himself not to turn his head, | 他好像强行不转过头来 | 
| [1:37:03] | not to look up at the mirror. | 也不看镜子 | 
| [1:37:06] | And yet he did. Every time. | 然而他每次都这么做 | 
| [1:37:08] | Marie might turn up | 玛丽可能还会出现 | 
| [1:37:11] | the way castaways come ashore after some miraculous rescue. | 通过海滩的奇迹救援 | 
| [1:37:16] | Or the way a dead person’s shade | 或者通过献祭和虔诚的祈祷 | 
| [1:37:17] | might be torn from the underworld | 将死者的灵魂 | 
| [1:37:20] | by sacrifice and ardent prayer. | 从地下世界中剥离 | 
| [1:37:23] | I tried to warn him, offered him a place to hide. | 我试图警告他 并给他提供藏身之处 | 
| [1:37:28] | The cleansing had begun that morning. | 那天早晨 清洗已经开始 | 
| [1:37:32] | But he stayed sitting at the bar. | 但他 仍然坐着 | 
| [1:37:37] | Waiting | 等待着 | 
| [1:37:39] | for her. | 她 |