英文名称:The Ultimate Life
年代:2013
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:01] | Jason, if you’re standing here now, | 杰森如果你现在站在这里 |
[01:06] | it means that not only have you succeeded | 那就说明你不仅成功地 |
[01:08] | in receiving all of my gifts,but you have done so beyond | 接受了我所有的礼物,而且远远突破了 |
[01:12] | the boundaries that I have set. | 我所设置的一些限制 |
[01:15] | I guess that means that I have succeeded as well. | 这也算是我的一种成功吧 |
[01:21] | What I could not accomplish in life,I’ve done in death. | 我生前没能做成的事,我在死后终于做到了 |
[01:28] | As long as you’re still alive,I will be too. | 我生命的意义在你这里延续 |
[01:37] | I love you, son. | 我爱你 孩子 |
[01:45] | Goodbye, Jason. | 永别了 杰森 |
[01:58] | MAN: Are we on yet? WOMAN: Give me a level, Jason. | 男:开始录了吗 女:杰森 你提示一下 |
[02:02] | Testing, one, two, three.I am Jason Stevens. | 测试 一,二,三 我是杰森·史蒂文斯 |
[02:07] | Can we get this thing rolling? | 我们能快点把这玩意儿弄起来吗 |
[02:08] | Mr. Stevens has meetings backed up all day. | 史蒂文斯先生还有一整天的会要开呢 |
[02:10] | WOMAN: Quiet, please. | 女士:请安静 |
[02:11] | Whenever you’re ready. | 你准备好了就开录了 |
[02:16] | Hi, I’m Jason Stevens, director of Stevens Foundation. | 嗨 我是杰森·史蒂文斯 史蒂文斯基金会的管理人 |
[02:19] | For the last two years… | 过去两年来 |
[02:23] | You seem about a million miles away,Lex girl. | 你看起来心不在焉啊 莱克斯美女 |
[02:26] | Mm. Trying to figure out what my next move is. | 嗯我是在想下一步怎么办 |
[02:29] | Have you told Mr. Billionaire Boyfriend about your Haiti plans? | 你没告诉你的亿万富翁男友你要去海地的事吗 |
[02:33] | Not yet. (CHUCKLES) I don’t know. | 还没有(咯咯笑)不好说 |
[02:36] | It’s a big decision, I’m just not sure how he’s going to react. | 这是一个重大的决定 我只是不知道他会有什么反应 |
[02:39] | Well, it seems you have something to react to. | 嗯 现在有事要你做出反应了 |
[02:42] | You’re being paged at the nurse’s station. | 护士站有人呼叫你 |
[02:44] | For what? Don’t worry about what for, just go. | 怎么啦 就别问了 直接去吧 |
[02:47] | OK, I’m here. What’s the emergency? | 好吧 我来了有什么紧急情况 |
[02:54] | Is that Miss Hastings back there? | 在后面的是黑斯廷夫人吗 |
[02:58] | Alexia Drummond, you have been summoned to a night out on the town | 亚历克西娅·德拉蒙德 有人邀请你去约会 |
[03:03] | by a Mr. Jason… Stevens? | 请你的人是杰森…史蒂文斯 |
[03:07] | Stevens! Yes, yes. | 史蒂文斯 是的 是的 |
[03:08] | Your wardrobe will be provided. | 你的衣服已经准备好了 |
[03:19] | Oh, wow.That’s beautiful. | 哦 哇 真漂亮 |
[03:36] | Lex, there’s something I need to say that I should have said a long time ago. | 莱克斯 有些话我好久以前就该和你说了 |
[03:39] | For the past two years,when I first saw you and Emily… | 自从两年前 当我第一次见到你和艾米莉的时候 |
[03:43] | I can’t get your face,your beautiful face, out of my mind. | 我无法忘怀你那美丽的面孔 |
[03:46] | Your eyes… your smile… | 你的眼睛…你的微笑… |
[03:49] | There’s something I need to say.I should have said it a long time ago. | 有些话我好久以前就该和你说了 |
[03:58] | Ms. Drummond, I hope you have a wonderful evening. | 德拉蒙德女士 祝您今晚愉快 |
[04:01] | Thank you, Jim. | 谢谢你 吉姆 |
[04:15] | Wow. “Wow” yourself. | 哇 你也“帅”啊 |
[04:28] | Tonight’s menu, spinach salad with mangos and chutney. | 今晚的菜单有 菠菜沙拉 芒果和酸辣酱 |
[04:33] | Then the main course,steamed broccoli with lobster, | 然后主菜是龙虾蒸西蓝花菜 |
[04:37] | specially flown in from Maine,with lemon and drawn butter. | 龙虾是特地从缅因州空运过来的 配料是柠檬和黄油酱 |
[04:41] | And ice cream sandwiches for dessert. | 然后甜点是冰淇淋三明治 |
[04:46] | You picked all my favorites. | 你选的都是我最喜欢吃的呢 |
[04:53] | Oh. | 哦 |
[04:55] | To us. | 干杯 |
[05:04] | Jason, thank you. | 杰森 谢谢你 |
[05:06] | I love my dress,and you’ve made me feel so special. | 这身衣服我很喜欢 你也让我感觉很特别 |
[05:11] | But you know you don’t have to… | 其实你可以不必要这么 |
[05:16] | …play our song? | …还放我们那首歌? |
[05:22] | Oh… | 哦… |
[05:34] | Oh, my god. | 哦 天哪 |
[05:40] | Oh! | 哦! |
[05:52] | Get to work. | 去工作吧 |
[05:53] | Lex, there’s something I need to say that I should have said a long time ago. | 莱克斯 有些话我好久以前就该和你说了 |
[05:59] | Not a day passes I don’t think about your beautiful face, | 每天在我脑海里想的都是你那美丽的面孔 |
[06:02] | and your eyes and your smile. | 还有你的眼睛和笑容 |
[06:07] | You’re so sweet. | 真会说话 |
[06:09] | Jason, there’s something I need to talk to you about. | 杰森 有件事我要和你谈谈 |
[06:12] | It’s important. I was gonna… Let me finish, please. | 这很重要我本来想… 先让我说完 拜托 |
[06:16] | Lex, you’re… you’re my heart, | 莱克斯 你就是我的心 |
[06:20] | I can’t imagine life without you in it. | 我无法想象没有你的生活 |
[06:27] | Jason! | 杰森! |
[06:29] | Jason Stevens? Yes? | 杰森·史蒂文斯? 是的 |
[06:33] | You’ve been served. Have a nice evening. | 这是你的传票祝你晚上愉快 |
[06:40] | Mr. Stevens, I am so sorry.I don’t know how he got past me. | 史蒂文斯先生 我很抱歉我不知道他是怎么绕过我的 |
[06:47] | That’s perfect. Just perfect. What is it? | 太好了 太好了 怎么了 |
[06:51] | My family. Aunts, uncles,the whole greedy bunch of them. | 是我的叔叔婶婶们 这帮贪婪的家伙 |
[06:54] | Suing me for breach of fiduciary trust in the handling of Red’s foundation. | 控告我说我违反了瑞德基金的信托条款 |
[07:00] | I’m really sorry, Lex.I wanted tonight to… | 我真的很抱歉 莱克斯我本来希望今晚想 |
[07:04] | I just, I have to deal with this. | 我现在要去处理这件事了 |
[07:07] | Please have the limo take Miss Drummond home. | 请用豪华轿车送德拉蒙德女士回家 |
[07:22] | So, Mr. Stevens, if the court were to find evidence to support your claims, | 史蒂文斯先生 如果法庭能找到证据支持你的主张 |
[07:27] | what are you proposing be done? | 那你会采取什么措施 |
[07:31] | Your Honor, on behalf of my brother and my sister, | 法官大人 我代表我的兄弟姐妹 |
[07:35] | and the rest of the heirs of Red Stevens, | 以及瑞德·史蒂文斯家族的其他继承人 |
[07:37] | we request that Jason be removed as director of the foundation. | 提议撤销杰森的基金管理人职位 |
[07:43] | And who are you suggesting would replace him? | 你建议谁来代替他? |
[07:47] | Me, Your Honor. Why, Uncle Bill? | 我本人 法官大人 为什么 比尔叔叔? |
[07:49] | You don’t have enough money? | 你的钱还不多吗? |
[07:51] | My grandfather wanted me to have the foundation | 我爷爷之所以让我掌管基金会 |
[07:53] | because he knew his own children couldn’t be trusted. | 就是因为他知道他自己的孩子不值得信赖 |
[07:56] | And that just goes to show just how far gone he was at the end, | 这恰恰说明他当时有多极端 |
[07:59] | that he left a billion dollar foundation in the hands of this spoiled, | 他把十亿美元的基金放在这个一无是处的人手里 |
[08:04] | nogood, party boy who wants absolutely nothing to do with his own family. | 一个不想和自己的家人有任何瓜葛的败家仔 |
[08:09] | OK, that’s enough of that.Both of you sit down. | 好了 够了 那个你们两个都坐下 |
[08:15] | I’m taking the plaintiff’s discovery into chambers | 我会将起诉人的证据带到内庭审阅 |
[08:18] | and we’ll reconvene tomorrow at ten to determine whether we’re going to trial. | 我们明天10点再继续 决定是否要进入审判程序 |
[08:21] | Case adjourned | 休庭 |
[08:48] | Miss Drummond, it’s so nice to hear back from you. | 德拉蒙德小姐 很高兴收到你的回信 |
[08:52] | Dr. Lousand, good to see your face. | 卢桑德医生 我也很高兴看到你 |
[08:55] | Um, I had a few questions for you. | 嗯 我有几个问题要请教一下 |
[09:06] | I’ll be with you in a minute. Hi. | 稍等一下 嗨 |
[09:12] | Afternoon, Miss Drummond. Oh, hi. | 下午好 德拉蒙德小姐 哦 你好 |
[09:14] | Um, I just wanted to see if I could get a moment with Mr. Stevens. | 嗯 不知道能不能见一下史蒂文斯先生 |
[09:18] | I don’t know. Mr. Hamilton said no interruptions. | 这个呢 汉密尔顿先生说不要打扰他们 |
[09:25] | I guess I’m interrupting. | 看来是我打扰了 |
[09:32] | Hi. I’m sorry.I know you’re really busy. | 不好意思 我知道你很忙 |
[09:34] | Yeah, no. Hamilton just wants us to get all our ducks in a row | 没什么 汉密尔顿只是想让我们在一块讨论 |
[09:37] | for the hearing tomorrow with the vultures. So… | 为明天的听证会做准备 所以… |
[09:41] | Uh, I just needed to… I needed to… | 呃 我只是需要去…我需要去… |
[09:46] | Uh… | 呃… |
[09:48] | I’m just going to say it. | 我就直说了吧 |
[09:50] | There’s this clinic in Haiti, and they work with kids who have cancer… | 海地有一家治疗患癌儿童的诊所 |
[09:54] | it sounds terrific. That’s definitely a project we can take on. | 听起来很棒 这个项目我们可以做 |
[09:56] | Why don’t you put together some sort of proposal. | 要不你起草一份文案 |
[09:58] | And once I’m through with this stupid lawsuit… | 等我把这破官司了结了 |
[10:01] | No, that’s not what… we can do some great things. | 不 不是的… 我们可以做一些伟大的事情 |
[10:03] | That’s not what I meant. I didn’t come here to pitch you for money. | 我不是这个意思 我不是来找你筹款的 |
[10:05] | I already made plans to go down there.They really need experienced nurses, | 我已经计划好要去那里了 他们需要有经验的护士 |
[10:09] | and I just thought that… Even better. | 我只是觉得… 那样更好 |
[10:12] | Once I get past this, we can both jet down there and we can… | 等我处理好这事 我们就可以坐飞机过去 |
[10:14] | Mr. Stevens? I apologize, | 史蒂文斯先生? 不好意思 |
[10:16] | but Mr. Hamilton says we can’t continue prepping without you. | 汉密尔顿先生说 没有你我们没法继续准备 |
[10:19] | JASON: OK, thank you. | 杰森:好的 谢谢 |
[10:22] | I’m really sorry, Lex, I gotta… I know. Um… | 我真的很抱歉 莱克斯 我必须… 我知道 嗯… |
[10:29] | Just whenever you have a second. Yeah, sure. | 你有空的时候看一下吧 好的 |
[12:03] | Jason? | 杰森? |
[12:06] | What is it? She’s gone, Hamilton. | 怎么了? 她走了 汉密尔顿 |
[12:10] | Who’s gone? Alexia. | 谁走了? 亚历克西亚 |
[12:19] | Six months in Haiti. | 要在海地呆六个月 |
[12:23] | Why would she do this? | 她为什么要这么做? |
[12:25] | I’m sure she didn’t just, on a whim,decide to move to Haiti. | 我相信她不是一时兴起才决定搬到海地去的 |
[12:31] | But somehow you’re just finding out about it now. | 只是你现在才发现而已 |
[12:36] | Yeah, well, if you’ve not noticed, | 好吧 难道你不知道 |
[12:38] | I’ve been a little busy at the foundation. | 我正忙着基金会的事吗 |
[12:40] | I haven’t had a lot of “me” time lately. | 我最近都没有什么私人时间 |
[12:43] | Or “we” time either, I gather. | 估计也没有跟她一起的时间吧 |
[12:47] | Jason, your grandfather had high expectations | 杰森 你爷爷把他财产全部留给你的的时候 |
[12:50] | when he left the entire estate to you. | 对你的期望也很高 |
[12:54] | And I guess I’ve pushed you a little too hard also. | 我对你也要求严格了一点 |
[12:59] | The 12 gifts that Red taught you,any idea where they came from? | 你瑞德爷爷给你的12件礼物 知道它们是从哪里来的吗? |
[13:03] | No. Well, you’re about to find out. | 不知道 好吧 你很快就会知道了 |
[13:08] | See that box over there? | 看到那边那个盒子了吗? |
[13:11] | Take a look in there, there’s a book. | 你去看一下 里面有本书 |
[13:16] | Only two people in the world knew that your grandfather kept a journal | 世界上只有两个人知道你祖父写的日记 |
[13:20] | from the time he was 15. | 从他15岁开始写的 |
[13:22] | One was me,and the other was your grandmother. | 一个是我 另一个是你奶奶 |
[13:28] | Maybe you can find something from his past | 也许你能从他的过去中找到一些答案 |
[13:32] | to help you here in the present, | 以解决你现在的一些事情, |
[13:35] | or possibly in your future. | 甚至将来所面临的问题 |
[13:38] | I’m gonna go back to bed now. | 我要回去睡觉了 |
[13:41] | We’ve got court in the morning. | 明天早上还要上法庭呢 |
[13:43] | You’re welcome to stay the night. | 欢迎你留下来过夜 |
[13:48] | That’s quite a story. | 里面的故事很精彩 |
[14:05] | “February, 1941. | 1941年2月 |
[14:09] | My ninth grade teacher, Mrs. Halpern,gave me this book full of blank pages. | 我九年级的老师 哈珀太太 给了我这本满是空白页的书 |
[14:13] | She said it might help to put my ideas on paper. | 她说把我的想法写下来可能会有帮助 |
[14:17] | Sounds a little girly to me,but she said that’s a diary. | 听起来有点娘娘腔 但她说那是日志 |
[14:20] | Boys keep journals.There’s a difference. | 男孩子写的是日志 两者不一样 |
[14:34] | September 3rd, 1941. | 1941年9月3日 |
[14:38] | Someday, I swear to heaven,I am going to be a billionaire.” | 我发誓 总有一天 我一定会成为亿万富翁” |
[14:50] | YOUNG RED: February 23rd, 1941. | 年轻的瑞德:1941年2月23日 |
[14:53] | Finally quit school and got me my own job today, delivering ice. | 今天终于退学了 我找了份送冰的工作 |
[14:57] | From sun up till sundown. | 从日出干到日落 |
[15:11] | Move! You’re blocking the driveway! Sorry. | 滚开!你挡住道路了! 对不起 |
[15:17] | Come on! Let’s go! | 快点!快滚吧! |
[16:00] | RED: That snotty rich kid did me a favor today | 瑞德:那个势利的有钱人帮了我一个忙 |
[16:02] | because I might not have ever seen that newspaper on the ground. | 要不是因为他 我说不定就不会看的地上的那份报纸 |
[16:06] | It was right there in print.This man, Andrew Carnegie, | 报纸上登着 这个伙计 安德鲁·卡内基, |
[16:10] | had started out working in a telegraph office at 12. | 12岁开始给人送电报 |
[16:12] | He didn’t even go to school, just read books whenever he could, just like me. | 他都没上学 跟我一样有时间就读书 |
[16:16] | I bet he had to put up with all those rich kids | 我打赌他肯定也忍受过 |
[16:18] | turning up their noses at him, too. | 那些富家子弟对他的蔑视 |
[16:21] | And he ended up a billionaire anyway. | 但最终他还是成为了亿万富翁 |
[16:24] | I swear to heaven, and to every one of those snobs who look down on me, | 我向天发誓 对每一个瞧不起我的势利小人说 |
[16:29] | so will I. | 我也要成为亿万富翁 |
[17:15] | Soup’s getting cold. | 汤要凉了 |
[17:27] | It would be nice to have something else for a change. | 要是能有东西换换口味就好了 |
[17:37] | There, now you got something else. | 呐 给你换换口味 |
[17:49] | She sounds bad again, Pop. I know. | 她又咳嗽的厉害 爸爸 我知道 |
[17:55] | She needs her medicine. What am I gonna do, huh? | 她需要吃药 我能怎么办? |
[17:58] | I can’t afford it right now. | 我现在买不起药 |
[18:01] | Hospital’s still after me for last time she was there. | 她上次去医院的钱 医院还在找我要呢 |
[18:03] | Well, someday I’m gonna buy that whole darn hospital, | 总有一天 我会把那破医院买下来的 |
[18:05] | and they’ll wish they treated her better, I swear to heaven. | 我对天发誓 他们会后悔没对她好一点的 |
[18:08] | What are you babbling about? | 你在唠叨些什么? |
[18:10] | I’m gonna be a billionaire,like this man, Andrew Carnegie. | 我会成为亿万富翁 就像这个人 安德鲁·卡内基 |
[18:21] | Get it in your head, son.You ain’t ever gonna be rich. | 给我记住了 小子 你不会有钱的 |
[18:26] | Only thing you’re ever gonna be able to count on is coming up on the short end. | 你只会成为一种人 就是下层人 |
[18:30] | That’s what was handed me by my daddy,and I’m sorry, | 我父亲就是这么教我的 我很抱歉 |
[18:33] | but that’s all you’re ever gonna get from me. | 我也就只能这样教你 |
[19:09] | What is it? Just going to work. | 怎么啦? 我要去干活了 |
[19:12] | On, baby. | 哎 儿子 |
[19:16] | I’m sorry you have to work so hard. | 很抱歉 让你这么辛苦地工作 |
[19:20] | It’s not fair. It’s OK. | 这不公平 没关系的 |
[19:25] | No, it’s not. | 不 不是的 |
[19:33] | I’ll be up out of this bed soon.. | 我很快就会好起来的 |
[19:41] | …and then you can quit that job, | …那样你就可以不用干这活 |
[19:44] | and we’ll get you enrolled back in school. | 可以回到学校读书了 |
[19:54] | I love you, Mama. | 我爱你 妈妈 |
[19:59] | I love you, too, son. | 我也爱你 孩子 |
[20:07] | Get some rest, OK? | 你好好休息 |
[20:11] | Get some rest. | 好好休息 |
[20:36] | RED: September 4th, 1941. | 瑞德:1941年9月4日 |
[20:40] | I’m leaving home today. | 今天我离家出走了 |
[20:42] | I don’t know for how long,but it’s one less mouth to feed, | 我不知道会出去多久 但是少一张嘴吃饭 |
[20:45] | and maybe Mama can get her medicine now. | 也许妈妈就可以拿药吃了吧 |
[20:50] | No matter what Daddy says,I don’t accept being poor as my destiny. | 不管爸爸怎么说 我都不接受贫穷就是我一生的命运 |
[20:54] | I know my fortunes out there somewhere. | 我知道我的命运在那里 |
[20:56] | And the next time he sees me,I’ll be a rich man. | 下次他见到我的时候 我就是个有钱人了 |
[21:26] | You can’t make your move until the train leaves the yard. | 货车还没离站的时候不能轻举妄动 |
[21:39] | Wait, wait. | 等等 再等等 |
[21:42] | Go on, scram! | 叫你爬! |
[21:47] | Get him! | 抓住他! |
[21:51] | Let’s go. Let’s go! | 走吧走吧! |
[21:59] | Come on! Come on! | 快点!快点! |
[22:27] | Come on! | 快! |
[22:43] | Come on! Come on! Come on! | 快点!快!快点! |
[22:48] | Give me your hand! Jump! | 把手给我!跳起来! |
[22:50] | Jump! | 跳起来! |
[23:41] | What are you doing? I’m, uh… making my golden list. | 你在干什么? 呃我在列我的感恩名单 |
[23:47] | Your what? My golden list. | 你的什么? 我的感恩名单 |
[23:50] | Something my ma taught me. | 我妈妈教我的 |
[23:52] | Every day, rain or shine, | 每天不管是天晴还是下雨 |
[23:53] | I make a list of ten things that I’m grateful to God for. | 我都会列出了十件值得感恩的事情 |
[23:56] | Things you’re grateful for?You’re kidding, right? | 值得感恩的事情? 你在开玩笑吧? |
[24:00] | I’ve got lots of things to be grateful for. | 我有很多值得感恩的事情呢 |
[24:02] | Everybody got at least ten thingsto be grateful for. | 每个人都有十件以上值得感恩的事情啊 |
[24:05] | I got nothing. You sure about that? | 我没有 你确定吗? |
[24:10] | Sure as I could be. You got your health, right? | 当然确定 你很健康 对吧? |
[24:16] | I’ll be grateful someday. No, no. You gotta be grateful now. | 以后可能会为此感恩吧 不 不你现在应该心存感恩 |
[24:20] | You gotta be grateful for the little things in life. | 你应该对生活中的小事心存感恩 |
[24:22] | Otherwise, you’ll never be grateful for nothing. | 不然的话 你就不懂得感恩了 |
[24:29] | You know what? Come on! We gotta get off the train before we hit the yard. | 对了 快点!我们得在货车到站前下车 |
[24:33] | Now you really got something to be grateful for. We’re in Texas! | 现在你真有值得感恩的事情了 我们到德克萨斯州了! |
[24:39] | Wait! | 等等! |
[25:30] | Whoa! | 哇! |
[25:48] | Morning, fellas. ALL: Morning. | 早上好 伙计们 早上好 |
[25:50] | Name’s Jacob Early. | 我叫雅各布·尔立 |
[25:52] | I’m looking for six strong backs to put up some cattle fence. | 我要找六个壮实的伙计来搭些牛栏 |
[25:56] | RED: Pick me! Pick me! | 瑞德:选我!选我! |
[25:59] | Right here! | 看这边! |
[26:03] | Mustache. Older guy. | 胡子 老家伙 |
[26:06] | Out of the way, Slick! I don’t think so! | 让开 小滑头! 你让开! |
[26:08] | Mister! Hey, I’m your man! I can carry 50 pounds of ice up three stories! | 先生!嘿 我就是你要找的人!我可以抗着50磅冰块上三层楼! |
[26:13] | What the heck, kid?! | 搞什么 小鬼?! |
[26:17] | That’s all right, young man.That’s all right. | 行了 年轻人 行了 |
[26:19] | I enjoy an eager beaver. Come on. | 积极努力的人我喜欢 来吧 |
[26:24] | Well, you’ve obviously put up a few posts. You too, climb in. | 嗯 你显然会打桩 你也是 过来吧 |
[26:29] | Young and strong. | 年轻强壮 |
[26:32] | That’s six. Let’s go, fellas. | 一共是六个 我们走 伙计们 |
[26:46] | Howdy | 你好 |
[26:57] | That’s a goodlooking post there, Slick. | 这桩打的不错嘛 小滑头 |
[27:00] | Thanks | 谢谢 |
[27:01] | Think it’ll hold up to 2,000 pounds of heifer leaning against it? | 你觉得可以承受2000磅的推力吗? |
[27:04] | It’ll hold. | 可以的 |
[27:13] | Maybe Mr. Early can have you build him a rabbit fence next. | 尔立先生或许可以请你帮他做兔窝 |
[27:16] | MAN: Got another one for you. | 男:还有一个呢 |
[27:41] | You best water up, Slick. The sun will lay you out flat if you’re not careful. | 喝点水吧 小滑头 这太阳 一不小心就把你晒晕了 |
[27:46] | Don’t worry, I didn’t spit in it. | 放心 我没吐口水 |
[27:49] | I wasn’t worried, but I am now. | 本来我还挺放心的 但你这一说 |
[27:53] | You can trust me. | 你可以相信我 |
[28:09] | That’s good work. | 干得不错嘛 |
[28:11] | Another week, you might catch up with the rest of us. | 再过一个星期 或许你就可以赶上我们了 |
[28:16] | Just yanking your chain, Slick. | 逗你玩的 小滑头 |
[28:18] | By the way, name’s not Slick.It’s Red. Red Stevens. | 顺便说一下 我不叫小滑头 我叫瑞德 瑞德·史蒂文斯 |
[28:23] | Gus Caldwell.Girls call me Stud. | 格斯·考德威尔 女孩们都叫我种马 |
[28:27] | I’m gonna stick with Gus. | 我还是叫你格斯吧 |
[28:32] | You seem to know your way around a ranch. | 你好像对牧场很熟悉啊 |
[28:35] | Boy, howdy, my whole life. | 还用说 我是在牧场长大的 |
[28:39] | Till two year ago. What happened? | 直到两年前 怎么了? |
[28:42] | Stinking Depression. | 经济萧条啊 |
[28:45] | Bank foreclosed on us. | 银行取消了我们的抵押权 |
[28:48] | Now my daddy’s stuck working other men’s ranches, trying to make ends meet. | 现在我爸爸一直在别人的农场工作 努力维持生计 |
[28:52] | Me too | 我也是 |
[28:54] | Had to quit school,but least I’m doing something. | 被迫退学 不过至少我还在做事 |
[28:58] | My daddy shovels coal back in Baton Rouge, when there’s work, | 我爸爸以前在巴吞鲁日挖煤 |
[29:02] | so I know what it means to be on the short end. | 所以我知道穷的滋味 |
[29:04] | Someday, I’m gonna have me my own ranch, | 总有一天 我会拥有自己的牧场 |
[29:09] | and it’ll be bigger than this one. | 比这个要大得多 |
[29:13] | Then I’m gonna take over the bank. | 然后我会把银行买下了 |
[29:15] | Yeah! | 是啊! |
[29:17] | Well, whatever I do,it’s gonna be big, | 我不管干什么 肯定要干大的 |
[29:19] | ’cause I ain’t stopping till I’m a billionaire. | 因为我不成为亿万富翁是不会罢休的 |
[29:22] | That’s a big number. | 那可不是小数字啊 |
[29:24] | Better plan on a different career than ranching then. | 那就要换个职业计划了 而不是来牧场这边 |
[29:27] | You oughta head out to California.They got plenty of jobs out there. | 你应该去加利福尼亚 那里的工作机会多 |
[29:31] | Hey! Maybe you can get into the movies. | 嘿!也许你可以去演电影 |
[29:37] | I hear The Three Stooges are looking for a fourth one. | 我听说皮匠三人组正在寻找第四个成员呢 |
[29:49] | GUS: Ante up, gents. | 格斯:给钱吧 先生们 |
[29:51] | Fivecard stud. Like me. | 玩梭哈 要学我 |
[29:56] | You better give me something I can work with this time, kid, | 小子你最好给我发点好牌啊 |
[29:59] | or I’ll run your hind parts back to nursery school. | 不然我就要你好看 |
[30:02] | RED: September 6th, 1941. | 瑞德:1941年9月6日 |
[30:04] | Working for my supper and few bucks is just surviving. | 一天挣个几块钱也就只能维持生存 |
[30:07] | I don’t want to end up like the fat man or the old guy, | 我不想跟那个胖子或老人一样 |
[30:10] | digging holes when I’m their age. | 到了那个年龄还在挖坑谋生 |
[30:13] | They should be raking in the money as their own bosses by now. | 本来他们这个年纪可以大把大把收钱的 |
[30:16] | GUS: He’s got what? | 格斯:他拿到什么牌了? |
[30:19] | Well, so quick to the punch. | 真是快呀 |
[30:21] | Come on, Red, where you going? | 来吧 瑞德 你要去哪儿? |
[30:23] | There’s too many old guys at this table. | 桌子上年纪大的人太多了 |
[30:34] | JACOB: Hey, Red. | 雅各布:嘿 瑞德 |
[30:37] | What can I do for you? Mr. Early.. | 有什么事吗? 尔立先生 |
[30:42] | I’d like to know how I can be you. Be me? | 我想知道怎么可以跟你一样 跟我一样吗? |
[30:47] | I want to know everything I can about how to be successful. | 我想知道如何才能成功 |
[30:49] | Just like you are. I want…I wanna know how to get what you have. | 就像你一样 我想…我想知道怎么取得你这样的成就 |
[30:54] | Have a seat | 坐下吧 |
[30:59] | Success | 成功 |
[31:01] | Hm… | 嗯… |
[31:04] | Well… | 那个… |
[31:07] | Success takes a lot of things, son. | 成功需要很多东西 孩子 |
[31:10] | A lot of things working together. | 很多因素具备了才行 |
[31:15] | I guess you don’t want be a sheep. | 我看你不想做个跟随者 |
[31:19] | You want to be the bellwether. | 而是想做领头羊 |
[31:22] | The bellwether? | 领头羊? |
[31:25] | The leader, son. | 也就是领袖啊 孩子 |
[31:27] | A leader of men. | 带领众人 |
[31:30] | To make things successful for yourself. | 走向成功 |
[31:37] | If I get that fence finished a day early, does that save you any money? | 如果我提前一天把围栏弄好 你是不是可以省点钱? |
[31:39] | Sure. On fied. Yeah, you bet. | 当然 是可以省钱 |
[31:42] | You split those savings with me, I’ll have that fence finished by tomorrow. | 省下的钱能分一部分给我吗 我明天就能把围栏做完 |
[31:48] | I do like you, son.But it ain’t gonna happen. | 我欣赏你 孩子 但是做不完的 |
[31:52] | We’ll see. | 我们拭目以待 |
[31:59] | Hm… | 嗯… |
[32:26] | Where’s Red? His bed’s made. | 瑞德在哪里? 他的床是铺好的 |
[32:29] | That little son of a gun!Better not have quit on us. | 这小兔崽子 不是跑了吧 |
[32:32] | We’ve only got two days left to finish that fence. | 我们还有两天就可以把围栏做完了 |
[32:42] | GUS: What the heck, Red? | 格斯:怎么回事 瑞德? |
[32:45] | You’ve pushed this fence down a hundred yards since yesterday. | 你都多做了100码的围栏了 |
[32:47] | When did you come out here? 3:00. | 你什么时候来的? 3点 |
[32:49] | Threewhat? Three in the morning. | 3什么? 凌晨3点 |
[32:52] | MAN: Why? RED: Why not? | 男:为什么? 瑞德:为什么不呢? |
[32:54] | Sooner we get this fence done,sooner we get paid. | 我们越快把围栏修好 我们就能早点得到报酬 |
[32:57] | Yeah, but why would we want to cut off another day of work? | 那倒是 但是干嘛要少干一天的活呢? |
[33:01] | Boss ain’t paying us by the day. | 老板又不会按日付给我们钱 |
[33:04] | He’s paying us by the finished fence. | 我们做好了才付给我们钱 |
[33:07] | Now, I figure if we work in two groups of three, | 如果我们分成两组 一组三人 |
[33:09] | we can move even faster.One man measures and digs, | 就可以提高效率 一个人负责测量和挖坑 |
[33:12] | the next man places the post,the third buries it, | 另一个人放置木桩 第三个人负责安装 |
[33:14] | they place the wire, and they move to the next hole that’s already been dug. | 把线装好 然后再做下一个已经挖好的坑 |
[33:18] | Like an assembly line.All right? Let’s go! | 就跟流水线一样 怎么样? 我们开工吧! |
[33:40] | Big guy, here you are. Thank you very much. | 大个子 这是给你的 谢谢 非常感谢你 |
[33:44] | There you go. Thank you very much. | 给你 非常感谢你 |
[33:48] | There you are. Thank you very much. | 你的在这儿 非常感谢你 |
[33:52] | Oh, yeah. | 哦 对了 |
[33:54] | And a little extra here. | 要多给一点 |
[33:57] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢你 |
[34:01] | I’ve never seen this much money in one place in my life. | 我这一辈子从没见过这么多的钱 |
[34:03] | You were the bellwether, kid. | 你是领头羊 孩子 |
[34:06] | And you came in a day early.Didn’t think it could be done. | 而且你是提前一天完成了任务 没有想到你能做到 |
[34:11] | Thank you. You best now. | 谢谢 你是最出色的 |
[34:14] | If you’re still around these parts,in a month or so, stop by. | 再过一个月你要是还在这附近的话 过来看看 |
[34:19] | I might have a job to give you. | 我可能有工作安排你做 |
[34:31] | I don’t begrudge you making some extra money, | 我并不嫉妒你多挣些钱 |
[34:33] | but that’s the last time you’llever one up me, Slick. | 不过这是你最后一次赢过我 小滑头 |
[35:06] | Dolly, bring me a big,juicy hamburger, medium rare. | 多莉 给我一个五分熟多汁的大汉堡 |
[35:10] | Pack it up to go. DOLLY: Coming right up, Mr. Wescott. | 带走 多莉:马上就好 威斯克先生 |
[35:16] | Gonna catch flies with your trap open like that, kid. | 孩子 嘴巴张这么大 会掉苍蝇进去的 |
[35:19] | Sorry, I didn’t mean to stare, sir.It’s just… | 对不起 我不是故意盯着看的 先生它只是… |
[35:21] | I’ve never seen a belt buckle like that before. | 不过我从来没见过这样的皮带扣 |
[35:24] | Had it custom made. Looks expensive. | 定制的 看起来很贵 |
[35:26] | Oh, you can be sure of it. | 哦 那是肯定的 |
[35:29] | I’m headed to California to seek my fortune. | 我准备去加州闯闯 |
[35:31] | California? What do you wanna go all the way out there for? | 加利福尼亚 干嘛要去那么远的地方 |
[35:35] | More money here in Texas. | 德克萨斯州钱更多 |
[35:37] | It’s just cow pastures far as I can see. | 我看到的都是些草原啊 |
[35:39] | You’re just not looking deep enough. | 你看得不够深入 |
[35:42] | Trust me, there’s more of it in Texas than God knows what to do with. | 相信我 德克萨斯州的财富多得不可思议 |
[35:45] | DOLLY: That’ll be $3.50, Mr. Wescott. | 多莉:一共3.5美元 威斯克先生 |
[35:49] | You’re talking about oil,aren’t you, mister? | 你说的是石油吧 先生? |
[35:50] | Keep the change, Dolly. Buy yourself something to go with that pretty face. | 不用找了 多莉 给自己买点和那张漂亮脸蛋相配的东西 |
[35:53] | Goodness. Thank you, Mr. Wescott. | 天哪 谢谢你 威斯克先生 |
[35:57] | Am I right? It’s oil. | 我说得对吗? 是石油 |
[36:07] | oil… | 石油… |
[36:17] | I cannot believe you broke it already. Sorry. | 想不到你都弄坏了 抱歉 |
[36:30] | Howdy. | 你好 |
[36:33] | Oh! gugdy… | 哦! #*&@… |
[36:35] | Did you say “gugdy?” | 你说什么来着? |
[36:40] | Nuhuh | 呃~厄 |
[36:44] | (WHISPERS) He’s kind of a strange talker, but he’s cute. | (耳语)他说话有点怪 但是挺帅的 |
[36:48] | Invite him to the dance. | 邀请他参加舞会吧 |
[36:51] | There’s a teen dance over at the Tyler High School gym. | 泰勒高中体育馆有一场青少年舞会 |
[36:56] | You’re a teen, right? | 你是个青少年吧? |
[36:59] | Mmhm | 嗯嗯 |
[37:00] | That’s swell. | 太好了 |
[37:03] | Directions are on the flyer. | 海报上有介绍 |
[37:07] | Hope to see you there. | 希望在那里能见到你 |
[37:11] | OK, bye. | 好了 再见 |
[37:21] | GIRL A: Maybe he’s from a foreign country. | 女孩甲:也许他是国外来的 |
[37:22] | GIRL B: I don’t think that’s it. | 女孩乙:我不觉得 |
[37:24] | GIRL A: Maybe he’s mentally… GIRL B: Stop it. He’s just shy. | 女孩甲:也许他精神有问题… 女孩乙:别瞎说 他只是害羞而已 |
[38:29] | Come on, Red. You can do this. | 来吧 瑞德 你能做到的 |
[38:39] | You made it? Come on, doll, it’s our song! | 你来啦 来吧 宝贝 这是我们的歌呢! |
[38:43] | Hey, Gus…I think this young man was here first. | 嘿 格斯…我想是这位小伙子先来的 |
[38:47] | You did want to ask me to dance, right? | 你是想邀请我跳舞的吧 |
[38:50] | You | 是你 |
[38:53] | You’re like toe fungus, kid. | 你简直就是牛皮癣啊 |
[38:55] | Just when I thought I got rid of you,you show up again! | 我还以为摆脱你了呢 怎么又出现了 |
[38:59] | All right! | 好了! |
[39:01] | All right, everybody, grab your partner because it is time to tag dance. | 好了 大家找好舞伴 现在是跳舞的时间 |
[39:06] | Oh… | 哦… |
[39:11] | Come here, cutie. Thanks, but… | 来 小帅哥 谢谢 但是… |
[39:13] | Listen, if you wanna dance with her,follow me. | 听着 如果你想和她跳舞 那就跟我来 |
[39:23] | EMCEE: Switch partners! She… | 主持人:交换舞伴! 她… |
[39:27] | (CHUCKLES) Hi. Hi. | 嗨 嗨 |
[39:29] | That’s good. An actual word. | 不错嘛 终于说出话来了 |
[39:32] | Thought I’d try to lead with something real simple to help you out. | 我想我应该试着用一些简单的话引你说话呢 |
[39:36] | I’m not always so tonguetied. | 我也不是都那么笨嘴笨舌的啦 |
[39:38] | I’m not sure whether I should take that as a compliment or criticism. | 不知道我是该把那当作赞美还是批评呢 |
[39:42] | Compliment. Definitely compliment. | 赞美 当然是赞美啦 |
[39:48] | EMCEE: Switch partners! | 主持人:交换舞伴! |
[39:58] | You’re not from around here, are you? | 你不是这附近的人吧? |
[39:59] | Baton Rouge. | 我是巴吞鲁日人 |
[40:01] | So, what do you think of Tyler, Texas? | 那么 你觉得德克萨斯州怎么样? |
[40:05] | I didn’t like it at first. | 一开始我不喜欢 |
[40:07] | But now it’s starting to grow on you? | 现在你开始喜欢上它了? |
[40:16] | I think I wanna marry you. | 我想要娶你 |
[40:22] | Well, you’re not tonguetied anymore. | 现在你不是那么笨嘴笨舌啦 |
[40:25] | I’m Red. Yes, you are. | 我叫瑞德 的确 你是 |
[40:28] | What? Oh, no, no, no, my name…my name is Red. Red Stevens. | 什么? 哦,不,不,不,我的名字…我的名字是瑞德 瑞德·史蒂文斯 |
[40:34] | Well, Red Stevens, | 好吧 瑞德·史蒂文斯 |
[40:38] | my name is Hanna Roberts. | 我叫汉娜·罗伯茨 |
[40:45] | RED: September 8th, 1941. | 瑞德:1941年9月8日 |
[40:48] | Hanna, what a girl. | 汉娜 多好的女孩子啊 |
[40:51] | I feel paralyzed around her. | 在她旁边我都控制不了自己 |
[40:53] | It’s like my mouth has a mind of its own. | 嘴巴也不听使唤 |
[40:56] | Maybe I’ll give Tyler, Texas one more chance before I move on. | 也许我再给德克萨斯州一次机会吧 |
[41:22] | Red? | 瑞德? |
[41:25] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里干什么? |
[41:27] | I was hoping I could walk you home. | 我希望能送你回家 |
[41:29] | Come on, Hanna. Just a second. | 走吧 汉娜 等一下 |
[41:32] | Red, I’m flattered. | 瑞德 我很荣幸 |
[41:34] | I had a really nice time at the dance. | 那次跳舞我很开心 |
[41:37] | But I don’t think my dad would let me get serious with a boy | 但是我爸爸应该不会同意我跟不上学的 |
[41:41] | who doesn’t go to school. I was in school, back home. | 男孩子在一起 我在老家的时候上过学啊 |
[41:44] | But I don’t need school to make my fortune. | 赚钱又不一定要上学 |
[41:46] | About done there, hayseed? We got to go! | 乡巴佬 你有完没完啊 我们要走了 |
[41:48] | Hey, learn some manners, Ace! Someday,this “hayseed’s” gonna be a billionaire! | 嘿 你有没有礼貌 总有一天 我这个“乡巴佬”会成为亿万富翁的 |
[41:52] | Hanna, we gotta go.Maybe Daddy Warbucks there | 汉娜 我们得走了 也许你那个大富翁 |
[41:54] | can drive you home in his limousine. | 可以开他的豪华轿车送你回家 |
[41:56] | Fine! Just go already! | 好了 你走吧 |
[42:00] | Red, a billionaire? | 瑞德 亿万富翁? |
[42:21] | So you think you can be like Andrew “Carneegee” | 所以你觉得你可以像安德鲁·卡内基 |
[42:25] | and make a billion dollars and not have to go to school? | 不用上学就可以成为亿万富翁 |
[42:29] | Yeah, something like that. | 是的 差不多吧 |
[42:35] | OK, I’ll let you walk me home, | 好吧 我让你送我回家 |
[42:38] | but I want you to meet someone first. | 但是我想让你先见见某个人 |
[42:44] | Is that a diary? Girls have diaries. | 那是日记吗? 女孩子才写日记的 |
[42:47] | It’s a journal. Journal then. | 是日志 那就写日志吧 |
[42:50] | Write anything in there about me after the dance last night? | 舞会之后 里面有没有写到我 |
[42:54] | Maybe | 也许有吧 |
[43:01] | But he could take the freshman exam and then be in my class, couldn’t he? | 但他可以参加新生的考试 然后分到我们班上 不是吗? |
[43:04] | Hang on a second.I didn’t say I wanted to do that. | 等等 我没说我想要这样啊 |
[43:06] | In theory, yes,but that’s a tall order for someone | 理论上 是可以的 但是对一个九年级 |
[43:09] | who didn’t finish the ninth grade. | 都没读完的人来说太难了 |
[43:11] | I could take that test and pass,if I wanted to. | 如果我愿意的话 我就可以通过考试 |
[43:13] | But there’s been plenty of selfmade men | 但是有很多成功人士就没有 |
[43:15] | who didn’t finish school.Abraham Lincoln, Benjamin Franklin, | 上过多少学 亚伯拉罕林肯 本杰明·富兰克林 |
[43:18] | Andrew Carnegie,they were all selfeducated, | 安德鲁·卡内基 他们都是自学成才的 |
[43:20] | they did pretty good on their own. | 都活的很好啊 |
[43:22] | You have ambition, Red. | 你有抱负 瑞德 |
[43:23] | But a proper education is important for your future. | 但是良好的教育对你的未来也是很重要的 |
[43:26] | Now, we have a janitor’s room… A janitor’s room? | 好了 我们有间房间… 房间? |
[43:30] | …that’s not being used.you can stay there. | …没人住 你可以住在那里 |
[43:37] | Give me a number,at least five digits and a multiplier. | 跟我说个数字 五位数以上的与另外数字相乘 |
[43:41] | Um… | 嗯… |
[43:42] | 56679 times 61 | 56679乘以61 |
[43:49] | Three million four hundred fiftyseven thousand, four hundred nineteen. | 三百四十五万七千四百一十九 |
[44:07] | Now, as for science, I see you have a little eczema on your hand there. | 至于科学方面呢 我注意到你手上有湿疹 |
[44:11] | That’s a ficus,also known as Ficus benjamina. | 那是垂榕 又称垂叶榕 |
[44:13] | The leaves produce an allergen which can cause scratchy eyes, | 叶子会分泌过敏原 导致眼睛发痒 |
[44:16] | the sniffles, and even eczema. | 喷嚏乃至湿疹 |
[44:21] | You’re educated.You make, what, $1700 a year? | 你是受过教育的 你的年收入大概是1700美元吧? |
[44:26] | In this little nowhere Texas town.I’m sorry, sir, I want more. | 在德州这个偏僻的小镇上 不好意思 先生 我可不满足于这点钱 |
[44:46] | Red, wait! | 瑞德 等等! |
[44:51] | Hanna, I’ve made up my mind.There’s nothing more to talk about. | 汉娜 我意已决 没什么好谈的了 |
[44:54] | I just think school’s a waste of time. | 我只是觉得上学是浪费时间 |
[44:56] | Why do you have such a chip on your shoulder? | 为什么你总是一副好斗的样子呢? |
[44:58] | A chip? It’s like you’re afraid or something. | 好斗? 好像你害怕什么似的 |
[45:02] | You don’t know nothing about me. | 你根本不了解我 |
[45:06] | You’re right, I don’t. | 你说得对 我是不了解 |
[45:08] | But I do know that everybody in this world needs somebody to believe in them. | 但是我知道 谁都需要有信任他的人 |
[45:18] | I would have believed in you, Red. | 我本来是信任你的 瑞德 |
[45:29] | Yes, you are. You’re probably moping all the time, like this. | 就有 你一直闷闷不乐的 像这样 |
[45:36] | All right, everyone, quiet down, please. | 好了 各位 请安静一下 |
[45:40] | Quiet down, please. | 大家请安静 |
[45:42] | Ryan Hales, would you please find your seat. Thank you. | 瑞安·黑尔斯 赶紧到座位上去 谢谢 |
[45:49] | Now, I would like to introduce you to your newest classmate. | 好了 现在我介绍一下新同学 |
[45:52] | Red Stevens, would you stand please? | 瑞德·史蒂文斯 请你站起来一下好吗? |
[46:00] | Thank you, Red. | 谢谢你 瑞德 |
[46:01] | All right, open your textbooks to page 57 and let’s get started. | 好了 把课本翻到57页 我们开始上课 |
[48:27] | So just what are you promising me,Red Stevens? | 那你都答应我些什么呢 瑞德·史蒂文斯? |
[48:30] | Whatever you want. A fancy car,big house, bigger ring… | 不管你想要什么都行 豪华轿车 大房子 更大的戒指 |
[48:36] | What if I say I just want you? | 如果我说我只想要你呢? |
[48:41] | I’m turning red again. Yes, Red. You’re red. | 我的脸又红了 是的 瑞德 你脸红了 |
[48:47] | Turn the radio on! The Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor. | 打开收音机!日军进攻珍珠港了 |
[48:51] | This means war! | 这意味着要开战了! |
[48:54] | RADIO ANNOUNCER: …a special news bulletin. | 广播播音员:…特别消息 |
[48:55] | The Japanese have attacked Pearl Harbor, Hawaii | 日军空袭了夏威夷的珍珠港 |
[48:57] | by air, President Roosevelt has just announced. | 罗斯福总统刚刚宣布这一消息 |
[49:00] | The attack also was made on all naval and military activities | 此次军事袭击还涉及 |
[49:03] | on the principle island of Oahu. | 夏威夷的欧湖岛 |
[49:06] | We take you now to Washington. | 现在切换到华盛顿 |
[49:08] | A Japanese attack upon Pearl Harbor naturally would mean war. | 日军袭击珍珠港 意味着战争爆发 |
[49:12] | RED: I didn’t even know where Pearl Harbor was, | 瑞德:我当时都不知道珍珠港在哪里 |
[49:14] | or that the Hawaiian Islands belong to us. | 甚至都不知道夏威夷群岛属于美国 |
[49:17] | But what I do know is when someone hits us, we hit back. | 但我知道的是 当有人侵犯我们时 我们会反击 |
[49:21] | I’m going to be a part of that.I have to. | 我要成为反击的一份子 一定要 |
[49:26] | MAN: …that such a declaration would be granted… | 男人:…宣布开战… |
[49:43] | HANNA: You gonna walk in circles all day or come see me? | 汉娜:你打算整天都在这绕圈子呢 还是来看我 |
[49:46] | RED: Hey. | 瑞德:嘿 |
[49:48] | Hanna, there’s something I need to… | 汉娜 我有些事… |
[49:52] | Not really sure how to tell you this, but… | 要跟你讲 不知道怎么开口 |
[49:57] | What? What is it? | 怎么了 是什么事 |
[50:01] | I signed up, Hanna. | 我报名了 汉娜 |
[50:03] | Signed up? For what? Mmhm. | 报什么名 为了什么 嗯嗯 |
[50:07] | The Army. What? | 报名参军 什么 |
[50:10] | But, I don’t… you’re 15!How could they let you? | 但是我 你才15岁啊 他们怎么会同意的 |
[50:14] | I convinced them I was 17. This is crazy. You’re too young. | 我跟他们说我17岁 太疯狂了 你还太年轻 |
[50:19] | I don’t care about that, OK? | 我才不在乎 好吗 |
[50:21] | It’s not fair, all those other guys getting to go off and fight | 这不公平 别人都去参加战斗了 |
[50:24] | while I’m stuck in this lousy little town listening to lectures | 我却在这个破地方上课 |
[50:27] | about Emily whotheheckcares Dickinson! | 课上讲什么艾米莉·狄金森 谁他妈的关心啊 |
[50:29] | I’m not gonna let you do this.I’m gonna go down there | 我不会让你去的 我去跟他们说 |
[50:33] | and I’m gonna tell them you’re 15. You will not! | 说你只有15岁 你不能去 |
[50:37] | How can I become my own man if I don’t go? | 如果我不去的话 我怎么独立呢 |
[50:42] | How can I ever be worthy of getting my share | 如果我不去争取的话 |
[50:44] | if I’m not willing to go fight for it? | 怎么配拥有自己所想要的东西呢 |
[50:46] | This is so selfish! | 你太自私了 |
[50:50] | Selfish? | 自私? |
[50:54] | Look, you can say whatever you want,but I am going, and I leave tomorrow. | 算了 你想说什么都行 但我要走了 明天就出发 |
[50:58] | Well, I won’t wait for you,you hear me? | 好吧 我不会等你的 听到了吗? |
[51:03] | Fine by me. | 不等就不等 |
[51:05] | There’s a hundred other boys out there who’ll want me, | 追我的男孩多的是 |
[51:07] | and I could have any one I want! Good! | 我想跟谁就跟谁 好 |
[51:08] | They can have you, for all I care. I don’t want your promise ring anyway! | 随便你 我不在乎 我不要你的戒指 |
[51:15] | Hey, good for you! You hear me? | 嘿 希望你过的好 听到了吗? |
[51:18] | Get married! | 找个人嫁了吧 |
[51:21] | I don’t need a girl anyway. | 反正我也不需要恋人了 |
[51:37] | Oh, Red. | 哦 瑞德 |
[51:41] | Oh, Red. | 哦 瑞德 |
[51:52] | RED: Hanna! Hanna! | 瑞德:汉娜!汉娜! |
[51:56] | Hanna! | 汉娜! |
[52:00] | I’m sorry! | 我很抱歉! |
[52:02] | I love you, Hanna. | 我爱你 汉娜 |
[52:04] | I’ll wait for you. I’ll wait for you. | 我会等你的 我会等你的 |
[52:38] | Lieutenant! Yes, sir. | 中尉 是 长官 |
[52:40] | I need a runner. | 给我找个跑腿的 |
[52:43] | You! | 你过来 |
[52:46] | Run this message over to Lt. Harris, First Platoon. | 把信息送到一排哈里斯中尉那里去 |
[52:49] | Five hundred yards up over that tree line. | 在那边500码处 |
[52:53] | Private, did you hear me? | 二等兵 你听清楚了吗? |
[52:57] | I got it, sir. | 我去吧 长官 |
[53:15] | Get down! | 趴下! |
[53:17] | Watch it, you idiot! I was just trying to take cover! | 小心点 你这个白痴 我只是寻求掩护而已 |
[53:21] | You gotta be kidding me! Toefungus?! | 开什么玩笑 牛皮癣 |
[53:24] | Of all the stinking foxholes I could have taken cover in! | 这么多散兵坑 我怕偏偏跑到你这里来了 |
[53:28] | Well, get the heck out of mine! Be glad to. | 那你赶紧出去啊 我是想出去啊 |
[53:30] | I’m looking for Lieutenant Harris,First Platoon. | 我在找一排的哈里斯中尉 |
[53:32] | Nah. Wrong hole. This is Second Platoon.First is 200 yards that way. | 你跑错地方了 这是二排 一排在那边200码处 |
[53:39] | Wish I could say, “Nice to see you.” | 要说“很高兴见到你” 还真说不出口 |
[53:41] | No, don’t spoil the joy I’ll feel as I watch you leave. | 别啰嗦了 你走了我才开心 |
[54:18] | Ahh! | 啊! |
[54:22] | Cover me! | 掩护我 |
[54:39] | Sarge, where’s the medic? | 中士 医药包在哪 |
[54:45] | Hey, Slick. Stay with me. | 嘿 小滑头 别晕过去 |
[54:50] | I’m not carrying your sorry self just so you end up dead. | 我可不想背着你 结果背个死人 |
[54:56] | I can’t believe I’m saying this,but thank you. | 想不到我会说 谢谢你 |
[55:00] | Don’t thank me yet. | 先别谢我 |
[55:03] | Still, seems like we might as well be friends. | 看来 我们还是可以做朋友的 |
[55:07] | Might as well. We always seem to end up in the same place. | 也是 可反正我们总是会搞到一块去 |
[55:12] | And when the war is over,and this is all done… | 那等战争 结束的时候… |
[55:17] | …you still thinking about that ranch? | …你是不是还打算弄个牧场 |
[55:19] | Oh, yeah, sure.You still thinking about oil? | 那当然 你还在想着石油的事吧 |
[55:24] | Just about all I think about. | 念念不忘呢 |
[56:07] | Red, we’ve gone down another 35 feet today. | 瑞德 我们今天又挖了35英尺 |
[56:14] | Sucker rod’s completely dry. | 什么都没挖到 |
[56:16] | Could be another duster, Red. I don’t wanna hear that. | 可能又是白挖了 瑞德 我不想听 |
[56:19] | You keep that thought muzzled. | 你就别这么想 |
[56:23] | I spent the last dozen years learning how to find other men oil, | 过去十几年都看着别人找到了石油 |
[56:26] | and it’s my turn now. | 现在也该轮到我了 |
[56:29] | My gut says it’s here. | 我有预感这里就有石油 |
[56:33] | I hope you boys weren’t planning on an early supper, | 我希望你们没打算早点吃饭 |
[56:35] | because we’re going down another 35.And we’re gonna go down another 35 | 因为我们还要挖35英尺 还要挖35英尺 |
[56:38] | if we have to! | 该挖就得挖 |
[56:41] | Oh, that’s it! Enough! I quit! | 够了 我受够了 我不干了 |
[56:47] | I don’t hire a man back when he quits on me. | 跟我辞职的人 我是不会再次录用的 |
[56:54] | We’re running out of good men, Red. We’ll find more good men. | 现在都没有好手了 瑞德 再找别的好手 |
[56:58] | Come on! We’re going another 35. | 来 我们再挖35英尺 |
[57:05] | Get those rods down. | 把探杆放下去 |
[57:27] | You wanna have a catch, Dad? | 爸爸 你要不要玩 |
[57:30] | Sorry, Billyboy, I can’t today. | 抱歉 比利 今天不了 |
[57:43] | It’s OK, I’m making your milk right now.It’s all right. | 好了 现在就在给你弄奶奶 好了好了 |
[57:47] | Hey, Jackie. Jackie,look what the cat dragged in. | 嘿 杰克 杰克 看看猫儿都带什么回来了 |
[57:52] | It’s your daddy. | 是你爸爸 |
[57:59] | Hey, Red, why don’t you get washed up.It’s almost dinner time, OK? | 嘿 瑞德 你去洗个澡吧 都晚饭时间了 |
[58:03] | Yeah, I know.Let me just sit here for a minute. | 我知道了 让我先坐一会儿 |
[58:09] | You kids quit running in the house! | 别在屋里跑来跑去的! |
[58:14] | Sh, sh, sh, sh! | 嘘,嘘,嘘! |
[58:18] | All right, all right. | 好了 好了 |
[58:19] | Let’s go on, then.Let’s go on, my very good boy. | 别哭了 别哭了 好孩子 |
[58:23] | Did you wanna help momma? | 就帮帮妈妈了 |
[58:26] | What’s wrong? | 怎么啦 |
[58:28] | Oh, good, good boy. What’s wrong? | 哦 好孩子 怎么啦 |
[58:33] | Is the hole still dry? | 还没打到油吗? |
[58:35] | If we don’t hit it soon,I ain’t gonna make payroll, | 要是还打不到油的话 就发不了工资了 |
[58:38] | let alone be able to afford to feed you guys. | 家里人的生计也成问题了 |
[58:43] | All I keep hearing is my old man in the back of my head | 我脑子里一直都是我老头子当年的话 |
[58:45] | talking about”oncepooralwayspoor” crap. | 说“贫穷的人总是贫穷的”的废话 |
[58:49] | You gotta let that go. | 别这么想了 |
[58:53] | I don’t get it. | 我不明白 |
[58:56] | I mean, I don’t.All the geology reports look right | 我是说 所有的地质报告都说会有的 |
[59:00] | and we hit the salt formations in the right depth. I just don’t… | 而且在合适的深度挖到了盐层 |
[59:04] | Maybe Gus could help.He’s already hit a few. | 也许格斯可以帮得上忙 他已经打了好几次了 |
[59:07] | No, I’m not gonna ask Gus for advice. | 不 我才不会请教格斯呢 |
[59:14] | Well, since there’s nothing you can do about it right now, | 既然你现在没有什么办法 |
[59:17] | how about investing in us? | 怎么不在我们身上投入一些呢 |
[59:19] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么啊? |
[59:22] | I know you think it’s all about bank accounts and oil wells. | 我知道你一门心思想着存款和矿井 |
[59:27] | But it’s not. | 但这不是全部 |
[59:31] | It’s right out there. | 你看看外面 |
[59:37] | It’s OK. It’s all right. | 好了 好了 |
[59:40] | It’s OK, baby. | 好了 宝贝 |
[59:46] | Come on, son. Toss it in here. Are you serious, Dad? | 来吧 儿子 扔过来 你是说真的吗 爸爸? |
[59:50] | Come on, kid. Fire it in. | 来吧 孩子 扔过来吧 |
[59:57] | Keep your eye on it. Can you teach me how to throw a curve? | 看好了 你能教我怎么投曲线球吗? |
[59:59] | I don’t know how to throw a curve. | 我也不知道怎么扔呢 |
[1:00:01] | Well, someone’s gotta know.What you call ’em? | 好吧 总得有人知道吧 这些人叫什么来着 |
[1:00:11] | An expert. Yeah. | 专家 是的 |
[1:00:14] | Can you find me one? | 你能给我找一个吗? |
[1:00:18] | Yeah, we can find you one of them. | 好 我可以帮你找一个 |
[1:00:21] | RED: March 4th, 1955. | 瑞德:1955年3月4日 |
[1:00:24] | Out of the mouth of babes,I went and found an expert. | 听了孩子的话 我去找了一位专家 |
[1:00:28] | From the looks of him, | 从他的长相来看 |
[1:00:30] | he couldn’t throw a curve ball to save his life. | 根本就不知道怎么扔曲线球 |
[1:00:39] | Are you sure that we’re…? Sh… | 你确定我们… 嘘 |
[1:00:58] | 喔~呼呼呼! | |
[1:01:07] | Come on! | 快点! |
[1:01:23] | All right, bring it down… | 好了 放下… |
[1:01:28] | All right, take some. | 来 拿着 |
[1:01:30] | Hold it. | 等等 |
[1:01:33] | You, take that…Stick it in quickly. | 你 拿着..快点插进去 |
[1:02:26] | So, what are you listening to? | 你在听什么? |
[1:02:28] | Does “shhh” not mean the same in Texas as it does in California? | 我说嘘 你们这里听不懂吗 |
[1:02:34] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[1:03:07] | We agreed on three percent, right? | 我们说好了百分之三的提出 对吧? |
[1:03:11] | Yeah. Three percent. | 对 百分之三 |
[1:03:12] | Here. Here what? | 就这里 这里什么? |
[1:03:17] | Drill here. | 就在这里挖 |
[1:03:41] | Good job! Can you think of something else that adds up to ten? | 干得漂亮 你还能想出别的加起来为十的数字吗? |
[1:03:46] | Good. You did it! BOY: Three plus seven. | 不错 你做对啦 男孩:三加七 |
[1:03:51] | Oh, Red! | 哦 瑞德! |
[1:03:53] | Red! Red! | 瑞德!瑞德! |
[1:04:00] | We did it! We did it! Boys, come here! | 我们成功了!我们成功了! 孩子们 过来! |
[1:04:03] | Come here! Oh, my goodness! | 过来! 哦 天哪! |
[1:04:05] | Look at you! Can you believe it?! | 你看看! 你能相信吗?! |
[1:04:06] | Ruth! Ruth! Ruth! | 路斯 路斯 路斯 |
[1:04:08] | Come down here and look at your daddy! Ruth! | 下来看看你爸爸! 路斯! |
[1:04:10] | Oh, my God. Are we gonna be rich now, Dad? | 哦 天哪 爸爸 我们是要发财了吗? |
[1:04:13] | Oh, Billyboy, are we gonna be rich? | 哦 小比利 我们发财了 |
[1:04:16] | We’re gonna be stinking rich! Stinking rich! | 我们会很有钱的! 超有钱! |
[1:04:20] | You won’t have to worry about anything, son, anything at all. | 以后一切都不用愁了 孩子 不用愁了 |
[1:04:24] | And you. Oh, baby. | 你呢 宝贝 |
[1:04:26] | I’m going to buy you the biggest ring in Texas. | 我要给你买德克萨斯州最大的戒指 |
[1:04:28] | Yeah, are you? Oh, yeah. | 是吗? 是的 |
[1:04:29] | No more promise ring for Mrs. Stevens.No, ma’am. No, ma’am. | 史蒂文斯夫人再也不用戴玩具戒指了 |
[1:04:33] | You can have anything you want.Anything you want. | 你想要的都有 要什么有什么 |
[1:04:38] | OK, wait. Hold that thought. Hold that thought. I got one more person to tell. | 等会 等会 我还要去跟一个人讲 |
[1:04:40] | No! Red! Red! I gotta go tell Gus! | 不是吧!瑞德!瑞德! 我得去告诉格斯! |
[1:04:48] | Ha! Whoohoo! Ah! | 哈!呜呜!啊! |
[1:04:52] | I hit it! I hit it! I hit it! | 我挖到啦 挖到啦 挖到啦 |
[1:04:56] | Whoo! | 喔! |
[1:04:58] | Took you long enough, kid. Oh, I hit it! I hit it big, baby! | 花的时间够长的嘛 哦 我挖到啦 挖到大的了 |
[1:05:02] | (CHUCKLES) Well… Yeah, you just remember, you’re still one to my three. | 好吧 是啊 你要记住 你还是只有我的三分之一 |
[1:05:05] | Oh, don’t worry about that, Gus.Don’t worry, I’m going way past three. | 哦 别担心 格斯 我早就超过这个数了 |
[1:05:10] | Pretty soon you’re gonna be dust in my rearview mirror. | 不久就会把你甩得远远的 |
[1:05:15] | We’ll see about that. | 以后再看吧 |
[1:05:29] | We’re up to 500 barrels a day, boss. | 老板 我们一天采集多达500桶了 |
[1:05:33] | 506 yesterday. | 昨天是506桶 |
[1:05:36] | At two bucks a barrel, that’s a thousand a day on that well alone. | 两美元一桶 光是那口井一天就一千美元 |
[1:05:40] | According to college boy,the reserve underneath this land | 按照大学生的说法 这块土地下面的原油存储量 |
[1:05:44] | is at least 50 million barrels. | 至少有5000万桶 |
[1:05:48] | How fast can we drill and set up another derrick? | 多久可以再搭一台钻架 |
[1:05:50] | About two weeks. | 大约两个星期吧 |
[1:05:52] | Make it one, and it’ll be a bonus. | 一个星期搞定 会有奖励 |
[1:05:56] | I want big, beautiful, grasshoppers | 我要在视野所见之处 |
[1:05:59] | bobbing up and down as far the eye can see. | 都装上巨大的钻架 |
[1:06:02] | You got it, boss. | 没问题 老板 |
[1:06:10] | What’s this? | 怎么啦 |
[1:06:28] | That’s him. That’s him right there. | 就是他 他就在那儿 |
[1:06:35] | That there’s a delivered subpoena,Red Stevens. | 有你的传票 瑞德·史蒂文斯 |
[1:06:38] | I got proof you been cheating me out of my mineral rights on this land. | 我有证据证明你骗走了我在这片土地上的矿权 |
[1:06:43] | I got a lawyer, so you better start to figure out my cut of this operation. | 我请了律师 所以你最好算算我的份额 |
[1:06:50] | Well, I hope you got a good lawyer,’cause I got a better one, | 我希望你有个好律师 因为我的律师更厉害 |
[1:06:54] | and he’s gonna take you to school. | 他会好好教训教训你的 |
[1:06:55] | I’ll see you in court! Oh, I’ll see you in court! | 法庭上见! 对 法庭上见! |
[1:06:57] | Yeah, I’ll be there, Red! | 对 我会去的 瑞德! |
[1:06:58] | Oh, I’ll be there!I’ll see ya! | 哦 我会去的 到时见 |
[1:07:04] | I’ll see ya! | 到时见! |
[1:07:08] | So who’s our lawyer, boss? | 那么谁是我们的律师 老板 |
[1:07:11] | That’s a good question. | 问得好 |
[1:07:54] | MAN: Theophilus Hamilton. You a lawyer? | 男人:我是西奥菲勒斯·汉密尔顿 你是律师吗? |
[1:07:56] | Yes, sir. My name’s Red Stevens. | 是的 先生 我叫瑞德·史蒂文斯 |
[1:07:59] | I got served a subpoena and I need a lawyer | 我收到一张传票 我需要 |
[1:08:01] | to meet me at the courthouse next Tuesday. You any good? | 在下周二带一名律师上法庭 你厉害吗? |
[1:08:05] | First in my class at Howard University School of Law. | 我是霍华德大学法学院的第一名 |
[1:08:08] | Editor of the law review,four years running. | 担任《法律评论》编辑四年之久 |
[1:08:11] | Would you like a list of peerreviewed articles? | 你要不要看看我的论文 |
[1:08:13] | Nope. Good enough.I’ll see you next Tuesday at ten. | 不用了 太好了 下周二 十点见 |
[1:08:24] | What you gonna do, represent yourself? | 你准备怎么办 自己上场啊 |
[1:08:48] | Mr. Stevens? Mr. Hamilton? | 史蒂文斯先生? 汉密尔顿先生? |
[1:08:50] | Yes, sir. Good to see you. | 是的 先生 很高兴见到你 |
[1:08:53] | It’s been a long time.How’s your wife? | 好久不见 你妻子还好吗? |
[1:08:56] | Actually, she died, not too long ago. | 实际上 她不久前就去世了 |
[1:08:59] | I’m sorry to hear that. | 我很抱歉 |
[1:09:01] | I’m not sure his kind is even allowed in this courthouse. | 我不确定法院是否允许他这样的人进入呢 |
[1:09:09] | Here’s what they are claiming. | 这是他们的声明 |
[1:09:13] | How fast would you like this to be over? | 你希望多快搞定 |
[1:09:16] | Real fast. | 越快越好 |
[1:09:19] | The subpoena appears to be in order, but… | 传票看起来没什么问题 但是… |
[1:09:21] | Of course it’s in order.What do you think I am, an amateur? | 当然没问题 你以为我是吃素的啊 |
[1:09:25] | Actually, sir, I have no idea what type of lawyer you are. | 实际上 先生 我对你还真是不了解 |
[1:09:29] | Before you interrupted me,I was saying the subpoena is fine. | 在你打断我之前 我是说传票没什么问题 |
[1:09:31] | The problem is the deed of trust. | 但是问题是 信托契约有问题 |
[1:09:33] | I took the liberty of pulling it from the County Hall of Records. | 我查阅了这城镇县里的档案 |
[1:09:37] | You didn’t know what I’d be asking you to be doing. | 你都不知道我想要你做什么 |
[1:09:39] | How did you know what to look for? | 你怎么知道要怎么下手的啊 |
[1:09:41] | Well, I looked up the subpoena and it’s public record, too. | 好吧 我查了下传票 这个是公开的 |
[1:09:43] | Don’t worry about it. | 你不用担心 |
[1:09:45] | As I was saying, in pulling the records I noticed my client purchased the land | 正如我所说 在查阅档案的时候 我发现我方委托人 |
[1:09:49] | and mineral rights from your client in a landswap more than two years ago. | 在两年多前 通过换地协议购买了你方的土地以及矿权 |
[1:09:56] | So… | 所以呢… |
[1:10:01] | Maybe we should wait till the judge gets here before we… | 也许我们应该等法官来了再说 |
[1:10:03] | Just answer the question. | 你回答我的问题就是了 |
[1:10:05] | All right, if you insist. | 好吧 既然你坚持的话 |
[1:10:09] | The deed was recorded exactly two years and two months ago. | 这份合约是两年零两个月前签署的 |
[1:10:13] | Texas law says that the statute of limitation on mineral rights dispute | 德克萨斯州法律规定 矿产权纠纷的诉讼时效 |
[1:10:17] | is two years… on the nose. | 最多长达两年整 |
[1:10:21] | Please tell me you knew that. | 别跟我说你不知道这个 |
[1:10:24] | Well, I, uh… Well, how could you let this happen? | 好吧 我 呃… 怎么会这样 |
[1:10:26] | I told you, I’m a divorce lawyer. | 都跟你说过了 我是个离婚律师 |
[1:10:31] | Come back here! | 回来啊! |
[1:10:33] | You told me this was a sure thing.You said we’d get a settlement. | 你告诉我说这是板上钉钉的事 说我们会和解的 |
[1:10:38] | Tens of thousands of dollars, easy! | 轻轻松松弄到几十万 |
[1:10:40] | I’ll be! Mr. Hamilton, how’d you like to work for me fulltime? | 我希望 密尔顿先生 你愿意为我的专职律师 怎么样 |
[1:10:46] | My business is going through the roof | 我现在事业蒸蒸日上 |
[1:10:48] | and I could use a good man like you around me. | 身边正缺你这样的好手 |
[1:10:49] | Well, Mr. Stevens, I’m honored,but I do have other clients. | 史蒂文斯先生 我很荣幸 但我还有其他的客户 |
[1:10:52] | OK, OK. Hey, we’ll call it parttime then. Everybody wins. | 好吧 好吧 嘿 那就兼职吧 我们双赢 |
[1:10:57] | Somehow, “everybody wins”means you win first? | 双赢的意思 是你优先吧 |
[1:11:01] | Excellent. We understand each other. | 好极了 我们互相理解 |
[1:11:06] | I guess so. What do you know about oil? | 应该是吧 你对石油了解多少? |
[1:11:09] | Well, it’s messy. | 嗯 挺脏的 |
[1:11:11] | Texas gold! | 德克萨斯州的黄金! |
[1:11:41] | RED: So let me get this straight. | 瑞德:让我捋一捋 |
[1:11:43] | What you’re telling me is, there’s a bigger deposit on adjacent acreage. | 你告诉我的是 附近的土地下有更多的石油存储 |
[1:11:46] | MAN: Yeah, at least 200 million barrels. | 男:是的 至少有2亿桶 |
[1:11:48] | And we can’t get it? | 可是我们却采不到啊 |
[1:11:52] | Wow. | 哇 |
[1:11:53] | That’s twice as much as on this patch. | 那可是我们这里的两倍呀 |
[1:11:56] | That’s 600 hundred million worth of crude. | 这相当于价值6亿美元的原油 |
[1:12:01] | Why ain’t this rancher selling? | 这座牧场为什么不卖? |
[1:12:02] | Red… I want this land! | 瑞德… 我想要这片土地! |
[1:12:04] | We have offered him triple the going rate. He’s just not selling. | 我们给他市价三倍的价格 他就是不卖 |
[1:12:08] | So why’s he being stubborn? Because not everything is about money. | 他为什么这么固执? 不是每件事都和钱有关 |
[1:12:12] | Well, that’s a lie.Everything is about money. | 瞎说 所有的问题都是钱的问题 |
[1:12:16] | HAMILTON: Not for this guy. | 汉密尔顿:对他来说不是 |
[1:12:18] | Last name:Early. | 他姓:尔立 |
[1:12:22] | Jacob Early? HAMILTON: Same family tree. | 雅各布·尔立吗 汉密尔顿:一个家族的 |
[1:12:25] | Nephew Andy, the land’s been passed down for five generations. | 是他侄子安迪 这片牧场已经传了五代了 |
[1:12:29] | Cattle is… his legacy. | 牧群就是他的遗产 |
[1:12:35] | How come I didn’t know about this? | 我怎么不知道这件事? |
[1:12:37] | Come on, now, Red.All these years, in all the land deals, | 得了吧 瑞德 这些年 所有的土地交易中 |
[1:12:41] | as long as the price was right,when did it ever matter | 只要价格合适 什么时候在乎 |
[1:12:44] | who was selling, as long as they sold? | 卖的人是谁 |
[1:12:57] | Tell me again about this horizontal drilling. | 跟我说说水平钻孔的事情 |
[1:12:59] | Oh, yeah, thought you’d never ask. | 哦 好 我还以为你不会问呢 |
[1:13:05] | Now… | 是这样的 |
[1:13:19] | Yeah, um, so… | 耶 嗯 所以… |
[1:13:25] | It’s a cow. | 这是一头牛 |
[1:13:28] | Now, they’ve tried it elsewhere with success, | 这种方法在其他地方成功过 |
[1:13:31] | and I think I can make it work here. | 我想我也可以在这里取得成功 |
[1:13:33] | Theoretically, a well on our land | 理论上 我们土地上的钻井 |
[1:13:37] | could… tap into a neighbor’s reserve, | 可以 采到邻居的原油资源 |
[1:13:41] | provided, of course,that you owned the mineral rights. | 当然 前提是你拥有矿权 |
[1:13:44] | What’s the downside? It’s new. | 有什么缺点吗? 这是新的事物 |
[1:13:47] | It’ll be expensive. | 代价是很贵 |
[1:13:48] | But I think we can get the oil | 但是我觉得可以采到隔壁的石油 |
[1:13:52] | with minimal environmental damage to the cow pastures. | 同时将对环境的破坏控制到最小 |
[1:13:55] | How minimal? | 有多小? |
[1:13:57] | No idea, actually,but I just think that | 说实话 不知道 我只是觉得 |
[1:14:00] | “minimal” is a more positive way to sell it. | “最小”是一种说服别人的措辞 |
[1:14:09] | Jimmy, when I promoted you to acquisitions, | 吉米 我提拔你负责并购业务司的时候 |
[1:14:13] | you told me you’d get your mother to jump off a bridge. | 你告诉我说你可以说服你妈妈从桥上跳下来 |
[1:14:17] | I want you to go see this Andy Early and get this deal done. | 我要你现在去找安迪·尔立 把这笔交易搞定 |
[1:14:20] | What if I can’t convince him? | 要是我不能说服他呢? |
[1:14:27] | I want this land! | 我要这块土地! |
[1:14:30] | This is our next play, Hamilton.We get our hands on that refinery, | 这是我们的下一招 汉密尔顿 我们控制那个炼油厂 |
[1:14:34] | we start competing with the big boys. | 然后就可以跟巨头竞争了 |
[1:14:37] | We control both sides of the supply chain. | 我们控制着供应链的两端 |
[1:14:39] | Look, it’s risky, Red.I mean, you heard the geologist. | 听着 这很危险 瑞德 我是说 你听到地质学家的话了 |
[1:14:42] | This new way of drilling is…it’s not gonna come cheap. | 这种新的钻探方法是…代价很高 |
[1:14:45] | And I gotta be honest with you,I don’t think we can afford | 说实话 我觉得我们负担不起 |
[1:14:48] | to leverage both deals at the same time. | 同时跟两方玩 |
[1:14:52] | Carnegie believed in investing in new technology, | 卡内基相信新技术 应该投资新技术 |
[1:14:55] | new facilities, harddriving,pushing the limits. | 引进新设施 以求突破极限 |
[1:14:59] | We gotta start thinking the same way, Hamilton. | 我们要跟他看齐了 汉密尔顿 |
[1:15:02] | If we develop new technology,it gives us an advantage. | 如果我们开发出新技术 就会成为我们的优势 |
[1:15:06] | I just hope we’re not soaring off a cliff, that’s all. | 我就是怕我们走的太快了 仅此而已 |
[1:15:10] | I’m not going around and around about this anymore. | 我不想老是纠结这个了 |
[1:15:13] | I’ll see what I can do. | 我看看我能做些什么吧 |
[1:15:16] | Red, it’s almost Christmas, you know. | 瑞德 快到圣诞节了 你知道的 |
[1:15:21] | I want this meeting with Carlton Strang.Now. | 我要见卡尔顿·斯特朗 就现在 |
[1:15:48] | Why aren’t you eating, Ruth? | 你为什么不吃饭啊 路斯 |
[1:15:50] | I told Sylvia last week,I don’t eat meat. | 我上周就告诉西尔维亚 我不吃肉 |
[1:15:53] | Since when? I saw you eat bacon two days ago. | 你什么时候开始不吃肉了 两天前我看见你吃熏肉 |
[1:15:56] | I said, I don’t eat meat! | 我说了 我不吃肉! |
[1:15:58] | Well, these are vegetables, right?So you can have some of mine. | 行 这些是蔬菜吧 所以 你可以吃我的 |
[1:16:00] | Stop! I don’t want your asparagus! | 住手!我不要你的芦笋! |
[1:16:03] | You are so immature. | 你真幼稚 |
[1:16:04] | I swear, it’s the last time I come home for Christmas break. | 我发誓 这是我最后一次回家过圣诞节了 |
[1:16:08] | It’s not too late. You can leave. | 现在还不晚 你可以走啊 |
[1:16:10] | Why don’t you grow UP? | 你怎么就不能成熟一点 |
[1:16:13] | You’re not even finished yet. I’m just tired. | 你还没说完呢 我只是累了 |
[1:16:18] | He’d rather be smoking cigs in his room. | 他宁愿回房间里抽烟 |
[1:16:28] | Dad, I’m meeting the guys at the country club. | 爸爸 我要去乡村俱乐部和朋友聚会了 |
[1:16:33] | I sure could use a few bills. | 需要一些钞票 |
[1:16:39] | What do you need? Forty… sixty? | 要多少 四十…六十 |
[1:16:47] | Thanks, Dad. | 谢谢 爸爸 |
[1:16:48] | Hey, Dad,can you spot me some cash, too? | 嘿 爸爸 也可以给我一点吗? |
[1:16:51] | I’m going to the arcade with some friends. | 我要和几个朋友去游乐场 |
[1:16:53] | Look what you started. | 你看你都开了什么头 |
[1:16:58] | Here. Thanks! | 给你 谢谢! |
[1:16:59] | So… there are these really, really,really cute boots | 那个 我看到一双非常非常非常可爱的靴子 |
[1:17:04] | that I’m dying for. | 我好想要啊 |
[1:17:08] | Yeah? How much? | 是啊 要多少? |
[1:17:12] | Let’s see… | 让我看看 |
[1:17:14] | That’ll do.Thanks so much. You’re the best. | 行了 谢谢 你是最棒的 |
[1:17:26] | They never see you. | 他们都看不到你人影 |
[1:17:28] | And when they do,you just throw cash at them. | 偶尔看到了 你就拿钱打发他们 |
[1:17:35] | I came home to repack. I’ve got a meeting in Tulsa about the refinery. | 我是回家收拾行李的 我要去塔尔萨办精炼厂的事 |
[1:17:48] | I should be home before Christmas. | 圣诞节之前应该可以回来 |
[1:18:06] | Gentlemen, have a seat. | 先生们 请坐 |
[1:18:12] | I know you wanted this meeting quickly,Mr. Stevens. | 史蒂文斯先生 我知道你想快点开会 |
[1:18:17] | Right before Christmas. | 在圣诞节之前 |
[1:18:19] | Well, let’s cut to the chase here. | 好吧 那我们就直奔主题吧 |
[1:18:23] | You want the Tulsa refinery. Yes, I do. | 你想要塔尔萨炼油厂 是的 我想要 |
[1:18:26] | And we trust that you’ve reviewed our proposal. | 你也查看了我们的合约了吧 |
[1:18:30] | I did. | 看了 |
[1:18:37] | Does that mean you accepted it? | 你接受了吗? |
[1:18:38] | Or are we just sitting around here twiddling our thumbs for nothing? | 还是说我们就在这里干坐着 |
[1:18:41] | The question is whether or not I want to sell to you. | 问题是我想不想卖给你 |
[1:18:46] | It’s that simple. That’s just ridiculous. | 就这么简单 太搞笑了 |
[1:18:47] | You don’t have another buyer. Red… | 你又没有别的买家 瑞德 |
[1:18:49] | You’re starting to tick me off. | 你开始让我不爽了 |
[1:18:51] | You’re here because you want this deal. | 你来这里是因为你想要促成这笔交易 |
[1:18:53] | Some sort of race to grab all you can. | 想拿下可以拿下的一切 |
[1:18:59] | Seems we both have needs, Mr. Stevens. | 看来我们都有需求 史蒂文斯先生 |
[1:19:01] | And usually I need to meet the people I’m doing business with | 通常我都会跟我谈生意的人见个面 |
[1:19:05] | in order to make my determination. | 好做决定 |
[1:19:09] | Problem is, you don’t personally impress me. | 问题是 你没有给我留下好印象 |
[1:19:13] | You’re rude, selfserving and greedy. | 你粗鲁 自私 贪婪 |
[1:19:22] | I will consider your proposal, | 我会考虑你的建议 |
[1:19:25] | and I’ll get back to you just as quickly as I can. | 我会尽快回复你的 |
[1:19:34] | All right. | 好吧 |
[1:19:37] | I expect to have your decision by tomorrow. That’s it. Let’s go. | 我希望明天能得到你的决定 就这样了 我们走 |
[1:19:43] | The deal is it. | 这笔交易嘛 |
[1:19:46] | And right now that’s in my hands,not yours. | 控制权在我 而不是在你手里 |
[1:19:55] | We both know you’re still trying to recover | 我们都知道 18个月之前 |
[1:19:59] | from that explosion at the plant 18 months ago. | 你们发生了爆炸事件 现在还没有缓过来呢 |
[1:20:02] | Red! Mmmm. | 瑞德! 嗯~嗯 |
[1:20:04] | Took 11 lives. | 死了11个人 |
[1:20:07] | Your liability went sky high and the publicity practically crippled you. | 你负债累累 负面的报道把你压的喘不过气来 |
[1:20:11] | Red… | 瑞德 |
[1:20:15] | Your profits… | 你们的利润… |
[1:20:18] | …are down 22 percent from last quarter. | …比上个季度下降了22% |
[1:20:21] | Where did you get that information? | 你从哪里得到这些信息的? |
[1:20:28] | I want to buy your refinery, | 我是想买你们的炼油厂 |
[1:20:32] | and you need to sell it. | 而你不卖不行啊 |
[1:20:33] | And that makes you… needing me. | 所以说…还是你求我 |
[1:20:41] | And that… | 这一点… |
[1:20:44] | That just makes your blood boil. | 真让人热血沸腾啊 |
[1:20:50] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[1:21:03] | See you later, Red. | 再见 瑞德 |
[1:22:05] | MAN: Room service. | 男:客房服务 |
[1:22:37] | Anything? No, it’s Christmas Eve. | 有消息吗 没 都平安夜了 |
[1:22:40] | What kind of game is he playing? | 他这是玩的什么把戏 |
[1:22:43] | Red,do you consider me a friend? | 瑞德 你把我当朋友吗? |
[1:22:47] | Course I do. | 当然 |
[1:22:49] | Well, as your friend,let’s fly home tonight. | 好吧 作为朋友 我建议我们今晚乘飞机回家去 |
[1:22:54] | You could be with Hanna,with the kids, enjoy Christmas. | 你可以和汉娜在一起 和孩子们一起过圣诞 |
[1:22:57] | I told you, I’m not leaving till I get that refinery. | 跟你说过了 在我得到那个炼油厂之前我是不会回去的 |
[1:23:01] | Look, you could wait till the cows come home, | 听着 你可以一直等下去 |
[1:23:04] | but I’m not missing Christmas with my family. | 但我可不想错过和家人一起过圣诞节 |
[1:23:06] | Now, you can dock my pay,you can fire me, | 你可以扣我的薪水 也可以解雇我 |
[1:23:08] | you can do whatever you want, | 你想做什么都行 |
[1:23:11] | but I’m heading to the airport and taking the company plane home. | 但是我要去机场坐公司的飞机回家 |
[1:23:15] | And if you’re smart, Red,you’d come with me. | 瑞德 你要是明智的话 就跟我一起回去 |
[1:23:19] | Hm… | 嗯… |
[1:23:25] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[1:23:27] | You’re right. Go home.Go be with your family. | 你说得对 你回去跟家人团聚吧 |
[1:23:32] | I’ll take a charter plane home. | 我自己坐飞机回去 |
[1:23:37] | Go on. | 去吧 |
[1:23:49] | Merry Christmas, Red. | 圣诞快乐 瑞德 |
[1:23:54] | Merry Christmas, Hamilton. | 圣诞快乐 汉密尔顿 |
[1:24:24] | Can’t anybody read the “do not disturb” sign? | 没看到“请勿打扰”的牌子吗? |
[1:24:32] | Strang? | 斯特朗 |
[1:24:39] | You gonna invite me in, Stevens? | 你就不邀请我进来吗 史蒂文斯 |
[1:24:43] | The docs are signed. | 文件都签好了 |
[1:24:45] | I actually made my decision last night,put out a press release. | 其实我昨晚就决定好了 也准备好了新闻稿 |
[1:24:49] | Panhandle Oil is now the proud owner of its own refinery. | 现在潘汉德石油公司有自己的炼油厂了 |
[1:24:55] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢了 |
[1:25:00] | I’ll be on my way, then. | 那我走了 |
[1:25:02] | Nice doing business with you, Stevens. | 合作愉快 史蒂文斯 |
[1:25:05] | I’m curious, Mr. Strang. | 我很好奇 斯特朗先生 |
[1:25:09] | Why did you wait till Christmas to give me this news? | 你为什么要等到圣诞节才告诉我这个消息? |
[1:25:12] | ‘Cause I knew I could. | 因为我知道你会等 |
[1:25:15] | How? | 怎么知道的 |
[1:25:19] | Because you remind me of myself,you know, 20 years ago. | 因为你让我想起了20年前的我自己 |
[1:26:04] | “Panhandle Gas & Oil is now a billiondollar operation…” | “潘汉德石油公司现在是一个亿万元企业了…” |
[1:26:11] | I’m a… | 我是 |
[1:26:13] | I’m a billionaire. | 我是亿万富翁了 |
[1:26:22] | I’m a billionaire. | 我是个亿万富翁了 |
[1:26:33] | I wonder as I wander… a’ | 我在想 当我徘徊的时候… |
[1:26:46] | When I became a billionaire. | 当我成为亿万富翁的时候… |
[1:26:52] | Mr. Stevens, you have a phone call. | 史蒂文斯先生 有你的电话 |
[1:26:56] | Yeah? | 好的 |
[1:27:01] | Line five. | 五号线 |
[1:27:05] | This is Red Stevens. | 我是瑞德·史蒂文斯 |
[1:27:08] | Hanna? What? | 汉娜? 什么? |
[1:27:15] | Pilot! | 飞行员! |
[1:27:55] | He was headed straight from the airport to his mother’s nursing home | 他直接从机场前往他母亲的疗养院 |
[1:27:58] | for Christmas Eve dinner. | 去吃圣诞前夜晚餐 |
[1:28:00] | A trucker fell asleep,and hit him headon. | 一个卡车司机睡着了 迎面撞了他 |
[1:28:08] | The doctor said he had severe internal damage. | 医生说他的内脏受损严重 |
[1:28:11] | Both of his kidneys are ruptured.He’s gonna lose them. | 他的两个肾都破裂了 无法医治 |
[1:28:15] | If he survives,they’re gonna put him on dialysis, | 需要做血液透析才能活下来 |
[1:28:20] | but he’ll go to the end of a very long waiting list | 但是要排很长很长的队 |
[1:28:24] | for a kidney donor. | 等人捐献肾器官 |
[1:28:35] | It’s gonna be a long night. | 今晚会很难熬 |
[1:28:40] | You want some coffee? Yeah. | 要不要来点咖啡 好的 |
[1:29:14] | You’ve been with me for such a long time. | 你跟我一起这么久了 |
[1:29:23] | I owe you so much of everything I got. | 我欠你太多了 |
[1:29:30] | You been a friend to me… | 你是我的朋友… |
[1:29:36] | …even when I didn’t even deserve it. | …虽然我不配 |
[1:30:34] | Opositive. Nurse! | O型阳性 护士! |
[1:31:06] | Hey, Red. | 嘿 瑞德 |
[1:31:09] | What’s this? | 怎么回事 |
[1:31:14] | What’s going on? | 发生什么了 |
[1:31:23] | Christmas Eve, you met the business end of a semi on the 205. | 平安夜晚上 你在205号公路上被撞了 |
[1:31:32] | What day is it? | 今天几号了 |
[1:31:36] | Happy New Year. | 新年快乐 |
[1:31:38] | Welcome to 1969. | 现在是1969年了 |
[1:31:46] | I thought… | 我还以为… |
[1:31:49] | I thought you were in Tulsa. | 以为你在塔尔萨呢 |
[1:31:52] | You needed some new plumbing, | 你需要肾 |
[1:31:55] | so I gave you some of mine. | 所以我给了你一个 |
[1:32:01] | You know what? I think I need to go back to sleep. | 我看我是扛不住了 我要睡了 |
[1:32:06] | Maybe this could all be a bad dream. | 也许这只是一场噩梦 |
[1:32:12] | Starting over… | 重新开始 |
[1:32:16] | …is not the easiest thing to do. | …不是那么简单的事 |
[1:32:27] | I’m sorry. Hope I didn’t wake you. | 抱歉 希望我没有吵醒你 |
[1:32:31] | I’m just glad that I can wake up. | 能醒过来我就很开心了 |
[1:32:38] | So do we have a refinery? | 那个 我们拿下炼油厂了吗? |
[1:32:42] | We do. | 是的 |
[1:32:47] | I think that means you’re a billionaire. | 这意味着你是个亿万富翁了 |
[1:32:54] | Yeah. It does. | 是啊 是的 |
[1:32:58] | How does that feel? | 感觉怎么样? |
[1:33:02] | Not a stitch different. | 没什么感觉 |
[1:33:06] | I thought it would, though.I really did. | 我还以为会感觉不一样呢 |
[1:33:12] | All that time thinking about it and dreaming about it, | 一直以来我就梦想着这一天 |
[1:33:15] | and when it finally happened,it just happened. | 等真正实现的时候 也就那么回事 |
[1:33:23] | The world kept moving on forward… | 世界照样运转… |
[1:33:28] | …and there was no one there to share it with me. | …没有人和我分享 |
[1:33:30] | But you did what you said you would. | 但是你实现了自己的诺言 |
[1:33:35] | You should take pride in that, Red. | 你应该为此感到骄傲 瑞德 |
[1:33:38] | I got all the money in the world. | 我的钱多得花不完 |
[1:33:44] | I traded everything that was important to me for it. | 但是我舍弃了那些对我很重要的东西 |
[1:33:50] | It’s not too late, Red. | 现在还不晚呢 瑞德 |
[1:33:56] | What if it is, Hamilton? | 要是已经晚了呢 汉密尔顿 |
[1:33:59] | My kids are a mess. | 我的孩子都不争气 |
[1:34:04] | My wife thinks I’m lost. | 我妻子认为我迷失了自我 |
[1:34:10] | You can change that. | 你可以改变这一切的 |
[1:34:13] | You can change that, Red. | 你可以改变的 瑞德 |
[1:34:17] | See, money’s been your dream. | 你看 赚钱是你的梦想 |
[1:34:22] | But your legacy… | 但是你的遗产… |
[1:34:25] | Your legacy is your family. | 是你的家人啊 |
[1:34:30] | Your fortune is your wife, your kids | 你的财富就是你的妻子 你的孩子 |
[1:34:34] | and all the little Stevens that comes along. | 以及子子孙孙 |
[1:34:40] | You still got time, Red. | 你还有时间的 瑞德 |
[1:34:50] | BOY: What’s this all about, Dad? RUTH: Yeah, is this gonna take long? | 男孩:爸爸 有什么事吗 路斯:是啊 要多久啊 |
[1:34:53] | Are you guys getting divorced? | 你们是要离婚吗? |
[1:34:56] | No, that’s not what this is about. | 不 那不是我们要谈论的 |
[1:34:58] | Well, what are we here for? You’re kinda freaking me out! | 好吧 我们来这儿干什么? 你把我吓坏了! |
[1:35:02] | That doesn’t take much. HANNA: All right, that’s enough! | 这就吓坏了 够了 你们 |
[1:35:06] | Your father has something that he would like to say to you. | 你父亲有话要对你们说 |
[1:35:08] | So you will sit there with your mouths shut and listen. | 所有你们都听好了 别说话 |
[1:35:17] | Go ahead, Red. | 说吧 瑞德 |
[1:35:26] | I wanted you kids here because… | 我叫你们过来 是因为… |
[1:35:34] | Well, I want to apologize to you. | 是想跟你们道歉 |
[1:35:35] | Apologize? For what? | 道歉? 道什么歉? |
[1:35:38] | For neglecting you over two decades. | 二十年来都没有关注你们 |
[1:35:45] | I made my work more important…over you and… | 我都关注工作去了…忽视了你们… |
[1:35:52] | …more important over your mom. | …还有你们的妈妈 |
[1:36:01] | I learned a lot of lessons along the way. | 一路上我学到了很多东西 |
[1:36:06] | But I ended up burying them in pursuit of the almighty dollar. | 但是在追逐金钱的过程中 这些都忘了 |
[1:36:09] | Is there a bottom line here, Dad? | 说重点吧 爸爸 |
[1:36:12] | I got a plane to catch back to Princeton. | 我还要坐飞机回普林斯顿呢 |
[1:36:15] | Your mom and I decided we’re gonna start living life a little bit different. | 你妈妈和我决定要换一种生活 |
[1:36:21] | So future profit from Panhandle Oil | 所以以后潘汉德石油的利润 |
[1:36:26] | will go into a new fund that we started. | 会注入到一个新的基金 |
[1:36:31] | We’re gonna start doing some good in the world. | 我们要开始做点好事了 |
[1:36:34] | And we’re gonna stop living for ourselves. | 不再为自己活着了 |
[1:36:40] | We’re gonna to try to learn how to help others. | 要学会如何帮助他人 |
[1:36:42] | Tell me you’re not giving our trust funds away to the poor or something? | 告诉我你不是把基金发给那些穷人吧 |
[1:36:46] | I’m not giving your money away, son. | 我不会把你们的钱给别人的 孩子 |
[1:36:49] | In fact… | 实际上… |
[1:36:53] | …your mother and I are going to give each of you | …你妈妈和我现在就要给你们每个人 |
[1:36:58] | $10,000 right now. | 现金一万美元 |
[1:37:02] | Ruth. | 路斯 |
[1:37:07] | For what? | 为什么 |
[1:37:09] | For the chance to learn the gift of giving. | 为的是学习给予他人 |
[1:37:12] | No strings attached? | 没有什么附加条件吗 |
[1:37:14] | We… We hope that you’ll use this money to help others. | 我们希望你们会将这些钱用来帮助他人 |
[1:37:26] | So we’re done here? We can go? | 说完了吗 我们可以走了吗 |
[1:37:33] | Yeah, ya’ll can go. | 嗯 都可以走了 |
[1:37:43] | I’m gonna put this in the bank. It’s a lot of money. | 我要存到银行里 好大一笔钱呢 |
[1:37:46] | I’m gonna spend it. | 我要花掉它们 |
[1:37:53] | All we can do is try and hope that their hearts change. | 我们所能做的就是祈祷他们会改变心意 |
[1:37:59] | It will take patience. | 要有耐心 |
[1:38:02] | Hm… I’ve never been very patient. | 嗯…我耐心一直不怎么好 |
[1:38:10] | Dad | 爸爸 |
[1:38:13] | Yeah, Jay? | 怎么了 杰伊 |
[1:38:19] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[1:38:21] | I don’t need it.Put it in the foundation. | 我不需要这钱 存到基金里吧 |
[1:38:34] | You sure, son? | 你确定吗 儿子? |
[1:38:37] | This is your money. I have enough. | 这是你的钱 我钱够了 |
[1:38:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:38:52] | Thank you, son. | 谢谢你 儿子 |
[1:39:01] | My dad got it. | 我爸爸继承了 |
[1:39:05] | And when my dad died… | 当我爸爸去世之后 |
[1:39:09] | …Red knew that I would get it, too. | …瑞德爷爷知道我也会继承的 |
[1:39:11] | HAMILTON: That’s right, Jason. | 汉密尔顿:没错 杰森 |
[1:39:15] | The monetary inheritance that we accumulate to pass on to our children | 我们积攒下来传给后代的财富遗产 |
[1:39:20] | is not nearly as important as the personal legacy we pass on. | 远没有我们留下的精神信念重要 |
[1:39:28] | I almost forgot.We have the hearing at ten. | 我差点忘了 我们明早十点有听证会 |
[1:39:30] | Are you sure that’s where you want to be this morning? | 你真的想去参加听证会吗? |
[1:39:34] | I thought that’s where I had to be. | 我不得不去吧 |
[1:39:36] | Naw, I can deal with those hyenas in court. | 不是的 那些豺狼虎豹我可以处理的 |
[1:39:38] | What you need to do is find that special someone | 你要做的就是找到那个特别的她 |
[1:39:41] | who’s gonna help you pass your legacy on. | 帮助你 将你的遗产传承下去 |
[1:40:24] | Excuse me. | 打扰了 |
[1:40:55] | Jason, what are you doing here? | 杰森 你怎么在这里 |
[1:40:59] | I was hoping you could give me a job. | 我希望你能给我找点活干 |
[1:41:02] | I could empty the trash,mop the floors. | 我可以倒垃圾 拖地板 |
[1:41:07] | If… well, if there were floors,I’d mop them. | 如果有地板的话 我会拖地的 |
[1:41:10] | Anything you need. What about the foundation? | 叫我做什么都行 你那基金会呢 |
[1:41:12] | Decided to take a leave of absence for a few months… maybe six. | 我决定休假几个月 或许半年 |
[1:41:18] | Place isn’t gonna fall apart with Hamilton in charge. | 有汉密尔顿在 不会出什么问题的 |
[1:41:20] | I tried to tell you.I wanted to tell you in person… | 我想告诉你的 亲口告诉你… |
[1:41:24] | I understand. I understand why you did it the way you did | 我理解 我理解你为什么这么做 |
[1:41:28] | It would have taken a bomb to get my attention. | 那个时候要引起我的注意太难了 |
[1:41:30] | And I’m sorry for that. | 对此我很抱歉 |
[1:41:32] | Forgive me for not putting you first in my life. | 原谅我没有把你放在我生命的首位 |
[1:41:35] | I want to shut up and let you talk.I want to turn the cell off | 我想停下来听你说 我想关掉手机 |
[1:41:39] | and just be with you. | 好好跟你在一起 |
[1:41:43] | And help you with the things that are most important to you. | 帮助你做那些对你来说最为重要的事情 |
[1:41:46] | But what if I’m not enough for you? | 但是如果我不够好怎么办 |
[1:41:53] | I… I can’t promise to be perfect. | 我…我不能保证完美 |
[1:41:57] | I know I’ll fail from time to time.But I promise… | 我知道我时不时会出错 但是我保证… |
[1:42:02] | …that I’ll try as hard as I can. | …我会尽我所能 |
[1:42:06] | I realized something | 我意识到一点 |
[1:42:09] | that took my grandpa a lot of hard knocks to learn. | 这一点也是我爷爷历经艰辛才明白的 |
[1:42:13] | Life’s greatest fortunes are the ones closest to you. | 那就是人生最大的财富 就是跟你最亲近的人 |
[1:42:18] | You’re my fortune, Lex. | 你就是我的财富 莱克斯 |
[1:42:22] | You’re worth more to me than all the money in the world. | 多少钱都没有你重要 |
[1:42:25] | And without you, I’m a very poor man. | 没有你 我就是一无所有 |
[1:42:31] | So I come to you as a poor man, | 现在一无所有的我 |
[1:42:37] | in need of a fortune that only you can give me. | 请求你给予我财富 |
[1:42:46] | I don’t want to ask you to do anything that you’re not ready to do. | 你没准备好的话 我不强求 |
[1:42:51] | But this very expensive ring from the little market down the street… | 借着这枚在街上买的很贵的戒指 |
[1:42:59] | …is my promise that I’ll never stop trying to be the man | …我保证我会永远努力成为你需要的 |
[1:43:02] | that you deserve and need. | 也配得上你的那个男人 |
[1:43:06] | And my promise that I will wait as long as I have to | 我保证我会一直等下去 |
[1:43:10] | for you to be my wife. | 直到你愿意做我的妻子 |
[1:43:32] | OK, under God’s laws, | 好了 按照主的规则 |
[1:43:35] | you two are Mr. and Mrs. Jason Stevens, | 你们现在喜结连理 |
[1:43:40] | husband and wife. | 成为夫妻 |
[1:43:45] | You can kiss her. | 你可以吻她了 |
[1:44:11] | What are you doing? Making my golden list. | 你在干什么? 我在列举感恩名单 |
[1:44:15] | The ten things I’m grateful to God for today. | 也就是十件感恩的事情 |
[1:44:19] | Number one, | 第一件是 |
[1:44:21] | that we’re both young and healthy. | 我们都年轻 健康 |
[1:44:25] | And what else? | 还有呢 |
[1:44:27] | That you love me. | 你爱我 |
[1:44:31] | And what else? You want the whole list? | 还有呢 你想要知道整个单子吗 |
[1:44:33] | I want the whole list. | 我要知道全部的名单 |
[1:44:37] | I’m grateful that Emily brought us together. | 我很感激艾米莉把我们聚在一起 |
[1:44:43] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[1:44:50] | Maybe… we can add | 也许 我们还可以 |
[1:44:54] | a little Stevens to the list. | 算上一个小史蒂文斯 |
[1:44:57] | Maybe. Maybe someday soon. | 也许吧 也许很快了 |
[1:45:04] | JASON: Well, maybe, a couple of dogs. HANNA: Yes. | 杰森:嗯 也许 还有几只狗 汉娜:是的 |
[1:45:07] | JASON: Yeah? And a house? A white picket fence? | 杰森:还有一栋房子 带白色的栅栏 |
[1:45:10] | HANNA: Mmhm. Two stories. JASON: Two stories. | 汉娜:嗯 两层的 杰森:两层的 |
[1:45:13] | HANNA: Shutters on the windows. JASON: Shutters. | 汉娜:要有百叶窗 杰森:百叶窗 |
[1:45:14] | HANNA: Oh, I have a longer list than you. | 汉娜:哦 我的单子比你长 |