英文名称:The Tree of Life
年代:2011
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:45] | 引自约伯记 第三十八章 四、七两节 | |
[01:16] | Brother… | 弟弟 |
[01:23] | Mother… | 母亲 |
[01:31] | It was they who led me to your door. | 是他们把我领到你们的门前 |
[02:03] | A man’s heart has heard two ways through life. | 扪心自问 生命之路有两条 |
[02:08] | The way of nature. | 一条是顺从天性 随性而为 |
[02:11] | And the way of grace. | 或是风度高雅 严于律己 |
[02:15] | You have to choose which one you’ll follow. | 你要选择属于自己的路 |
[02:30] | Grace doesn’t try to please itself. | 要有风度就无法事事顺心 |
[02:35] | It accepts being slighted, forgotten, disliked. | 受到轻视 遗忘和厌恶时要泰然处之 |
[02:43] | It accepts insults and injuries. | 受到侮辱和中伤时要学会接受 |
[03:05] | Nature only wants to please itself. | 天性则需要顺从 需要取悦 |
[03:08] | Bless our lord this food… | 感谢上帝赐予我们食物… |
[03:10] | Get others to please it too. | 天性悦万物 |
[03:12] | …loving and faithful service… | 爱和一成不变的服务… |
[03:14] | It likes to lord it over them. | 万物顺天性 |
[03:16] | …Bless these boys… | 保佑我们的孩子… |
[03:18] | To have its own way. | 方能创其独特之道 |
[03:25] | It finds reasons to be unhappy. | 痛苦可以信手拈来 |
[03:27] | When all the world is shining around it. | 不论周遭世界多么灿烂 |
[03:32] | And love is smiling through all things. | 又或爱正在天地间微笑徜徉 |
[03:50] | They taught us, that no one who loves the way of grace, | 他们教育我们 崇尚高雅举止的人 |
[03:54] | ever comes to a bad end. | 结局都很美好 |
[04:04] | I will be true to you, | 无论发生何事 |
[04:08] | whatever comes. | 我都会向你敞开心房 |
[06:31] | My son. | 我的儿啊 |
[06:42] | I just want to die. To be with him. | 我只想去死 去陪他 |
[07:26] | He’s in God’s hands now. | 上帝把他接走了 |
[07:35] | He was in God’s hands the whole time. | 他从未离开过上帝 |
[07:41] | Wasn’t he? | 不是吗 |
[07:47] | My home. | 我的家 |
[07:54] | My God. | 我的上帝 |
[08:02] | I shall fear no evil. | 我什么也不怕了 |
[08:05] | Fear no evil, for you are with me. | 不怕了 因为你在这里陪着我 |
[08:08] | What did you gain? | 你得到了什么呢 |
[08:10] | Be not far from me, for trouble is near. | 别离我太远 危险就在附近 |
[08:13] | Go on now, we’re alright. | 快走吧 我们没事儿 |
[08:18] | We’re alright. | 我们没事儿 |
[08:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:36] | Shouldn’t have your memories of him. | 你应该忘记他 |
[08:40] | You have to be strong now, and… | 你要变坚强 |
[08:45] | I know, the pain will, it will pass in time. | 听我说 痛苦总会过去 |
[08:50] | You know, it might seem, | 这可能 |
[08:52] | hard, my saying that, but it’s true. | 并不容易 但确实是真理 |
[08:54] | I don’t want it to. | 我不想忘记 |
[08:59] | Life goes on. | 生活总要继续 |
[09:03] | People pass along. | 人总有一死 |
[09:06] | Nothing stays the same. | 没有什么是永恒不变的 |
[09:12] | You still got the other two. | 你还有另外两个儿子啊 |
[09:21] | The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. | 上帝先给予后收回 |
[09:26] | That’s the way he is. | 这就是他的行事原则 |
[09:34] | He sends flies to wounds…that he should heal. | 该去治愈的伤口 他却往上撒盐 |
[09:55] | I never got a chance to tell him how sorry I was. | 我都没机会说 我有多对不起他 |
[10:04] | I even… | 我甚至 |
[10:08] | punched himself in the face for no reason. | 无缘无故就揍他的脸 |
[10:20] | You sit next to me at the piano | 你弹琴时 我就坐在你旁边 |
[10:22] | and I criticized where he’d turned the pages. | 他一翻琴谱 我就训斥他 |
[10:42] | I might even feel ashamed. | 我甚至觉得羞耻 |
[10:46] | Why shame? | 为什么呢 |
[10:54] | Poor boy. Poor boy. | 可怜的孩子 可怜的孩子 |
[11:27] | How did you come to me? | 你如何来到我的身边 |
[11:36] | In what shape? | 以何种形状 |
[11:43] | What disguise? | 戴着什么样的面具 |
[13:09] | I see the child I was. | 我看到了我小时候 |
[13:20] | I see my brother. | 看到了我弟弟 |
[13:26] | True. | 纯真 |
[13:30] | Kind. | 善良 |
[13:38] | He died when he was 19. | 他十九岁时死了 |
[14:14] | Just check, this one against this. | 再查查 这个和这个有问题 |
[14:17] | She wants to get back together. | 她想复合 |
[14:19] | But, the chapter’s closed, the story’s been told. | 但是感情都没了 该说的话也说了 |
[14:24] | What are you gonna do? | 你打算怎么办 |
[14:27] | Experiment. | 再试试 |
[14:33] | When you’re young, it’s all about your career. | 年轻的时候 事业是生活的全部 |
[14:46] | I just feel like I’m…bumping into walls. | 我只是觉得自己…四处碰壁 |
[15:07] | The world’s gone to the dogs, | 世界落入了无能之辈手中 |
[15:08] | people are greedy and keep getting worse. | 人们变得贪婪 得寸进尺 |
[15:15] | I try to get into their hands. | 我试图理解他们 |
[15:26] | Hey dad, I’m sorry I said what I said, I’m… | 爸 我刚才不该说那些话的 对不起 我… |
[15:36] | Yeah, I think about him every day. | 没错 我每天都会想起他 |
[15:39] | I just shouldn’t have said what I did, I’m sorry. | 我不该说那些话 对不起 |
[15:51] | What are you thinking? I know, I know what you did… | 你觉得呢 我明白 我明白你那么做… |
[15:56] | And only two of those were turned down by client… | 只有两个人遭到了客户的否定… |
[16:20] | How did I lose you? | 我是怎么失去你的 |
[16:29] | Wandered. | 四处游荡 |
[16:36] | Forgot you. | 忘记了你 |
[17:37] | Find me. | 来找我 |
[18:04] | How did she bear it? | 她是怎么熬过来的 |
[18:16] | Mother. | 母亲 |
[18:55] | Was I false to you? | 你觉得我虚伪吗 |
[19:44] | Lord… | 上帝啊 |
[19:53] | Why? | 为什么 |
[20:02] | Where were you? | 你在哪里 |
[21:06] | Did you know? | 你知道吗 |
[21:24] | Who are we to you? | 对你来说我们是什么呢 |
[21:45] | Answer me. | 回答我 |
[25:58] | We cry to you. | 我们向你哭诉 |
[26:07] | My soul. | 我的灵魂 |
[26:18] | My son. | 我的儿子 |
[26:28] | Hear us. | 你来听听啊 |
[34:34] | Light up my life. | 照亮我的生活吧 |
[34:39] | I search for you. | 我追寻着你 |
[34:46] | My home. | 我的家 |
[34:58] | My child. | 我的孩子 |
[36:19] | You spoke to me through her. | 你通过她与我对话 |
[36:26] | You spoke with me from the sky. | 你在天上与我交流 |
[36:30] | The trees. | 那些树 |
[36:37] | Before I knew I loved you, | 在我还不知道我爱你 |
[36:41] | believed in you. | 在我信任你之前 |
[37:02] | When did you first touch my heart? | 你是何时触动了我的心弦 |
[39:39] | …and manfully to fight under | …呼喊着口号 勇敢坚定的 |
[39:41] | his banner against sin, the world, and the devil. | 抗击罪恶 抗击这个世界 抗击邪恶 |
[40:25] | We’re having Mr. McMander over for dinner. | 我们要请麦曼德先生来吃饭 |
[40:27] | This is a double bidder right on in. | 这句话里有两个d音 |
[42:11] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[42:13] | – Two alligators. – Two alligators. | -两头短吻鳄 -两头短吻鳄 |
[42:21] | – Kangaroo. – Kangaroo. | -袋鼠 -袋鼠 |
[42:28] | Jump. Jump. Jump. Jump. | 跳 跳 跳 跳 |
[43:42] | Sweetheart. | 亲爱的 |
[43:46] | Please. | 别这样 |
[43:50] | I know. | 我知道 |
[43:51] | No! No! | 不行 不行 |
[44:18] | It’s mine! | 是我的 |
[44:24] | You found me! | 找到我啦 |
[45:02] | You’ll be grown before that tree is tall. | 等树长高你早就长大了 |
[45:10] | Blue far. | 一大片的蓝 |
[45:14] | You. | 你 |
[45:29] | Are you afraid? | 害怕吗 |
[45:32] | Come here. | 过来 |
[46:27] | Come here. Alright, now come back here son, | 过来 到这儿来儿子 |
[46:29] | stay out of there. That’s Spencer’s yard, okay? | 离那远点儿 那是斯潘塞家的院子 知道吗 |
[46:32] | You see this line? | 看见这条线了吗 |
[46:34] | Let’s not cross it, you understand? | 别过了界 明白吗 |
[46:37] | Do you understand? | 你明白了吗 |
[46:40] | Do you see this line? Look it here. Look here. | 看见这条线了吗 看这儿 看 |
[46:44] | Okay, now come back here son. Come on back. | 好了 回来儿子 回来 |
[46:54] | Let’s stay out of there. | 我们离那儿远点儿 |
[47:12] | “Now, my dears,” said old Mrs. Rabbit one morning, | 一天早上 兔奶奶说到 亲爱的 |
[47:16] | “You may go into the fields or down the lane.” | 你可以到外面或者巷子里玩儿啦 |
[47:19] | “Don’t go into Mr. Mcgregor’s garden.” | 不过别到麦克格雷戈先生的花园里去 |
[47:23] | “Your father had an accident there.” | 你爸爸在那儿出过事 |
[47:31] | That’s where God lives. | 那就是上帝住的地方 |
[48:01] | Goodnight, we’ll see you in 5 years. | 晚安 我们五年后见 |
[49:02] | Want to eat a grasshopper? | 想吃蚱蜢吗 |
[49:04] | I found it! I found this old bone! | 找到啦 我找到老骨头了 |
[49:07] | Oh, is that a rock? | 是块石头吗 |
[49:09] | No. | 不是 |
[50:18] | Bless this food to our use. | 感谢上帝赐予我们食物 |
[50:21] | As to your loving and faithful service. | 献上我们的爱与一成不变的服务 |
[50:24] | Make us remindful of those who are in need. | 请使我们铭记那些需要帮助的人 |
[50:27] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[50:36] | Can you pass the butter, please? | 请把黄油递过来好吗 |
[50:39] | Can you pass the butter please sir. | 请把黄油递过来好吗 先生 |
[50:41] | Sir. | 先生 |
[50:44] | – What did you do today? – We went to school. | -你们今天干什么了 -去了学校 |
[50:48] | After that. | 之后呢 |
[50:50] | What about the yard? | 院子里呢 |
[50:52] | Did you put the runners in like I asked? | 把滑道按我说的收拾好了吗 |
[50:56] | Yes. | 是的 |
[50:58] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[51:01] | Well, it didn’t look like it. | 看起来可不像 |
[51:19] | Yes. | 是的 |
[51:34] | Mr. Reese liked Jack’s book report. | 里斯先生很喜欢杰克的书评 |
[51:36] | Nobody’s asked sweetheart. | 没人问你话 亲爱的 |
[51:39] | You know this. | 别老让我说 |
[51:51] | Crowns! | 巅峰之作 |
[52:05] | – Son. – Sir. | -儿子 -先生 |
[52:09] | Reach me my lighter. | 把我的打火机拿来 |
[52:18] | Haven’t you forgotten something? | 你是不是忘了什么啊 |
[52:46] | Do you love your father? | 你爱你的父亲吗 |
[52:49] | Yes, sir. | 爱 先生 |
[52:55] | …and they went off to look for Kaa the Rock Python. | 他们出发去找大蟒蛇克尔 |
[53:01] | They found him stretched out | 他们发现蟒蛇沐浴在下午的阳光中 |
[53:03] | on a warm ledge in the afternoon sun, | 趴在温暖的岩礁上 |
[53:06] | admiring his beautiful new coat. | 欣赏着自己美丽的新外衣 |
[53:18] | Who do you love most? | 我们三个里面你最爱谁 |
[53:26] | I love you all three the same. | 一样爱 |
[53:30] | Tell us a story from before we can remember. | 给我们讲一个我们没听过的故事吧 |
[53:37] | He went for a ride in a plane once. | 你爸爸曾经开过一次飞机 |
[53:43] | It was a graduation present. | 那是别人送他的毕业礼物 |
[54:00] | Mother… | 母亲 |
[54:11] | Am I any good? | 我有优点吗 |
[54:20] | Brave. | 很勇敢 |
[57:21] | Can it happen to anyone? | 谁身上都会发生吗 |
[57:30] | Nobody talks about it. | 没人谈论它 |
[57:37] | Help me not to sass my dad. | 让我别跟爸爸顶嘴 |
[57:41] | Help me not to get dogs in fights. | 让狗狗们别打架 |
[57:58] | Help me be thankful for everything I’ve got. | 让我学会感谢所拥有的一切 |
[58:03] | Where do you live? | 你住在哪儿 |
[58:07] | Help me not to tell lies. | 让我不再说谎 |
[58:16] | Are you watching me? | 你在看着我吗 |
[58:28] | I want to know what you are. | 我想知道你是谁 |
[58:37] | I want to see what you see. | 我想看你所见 |
[59:36] | Come here. | 到这来 |
[59:48] | You’re going to stand there and | 你就站在这 |
[59:49] | you’re going to close this door quietly, 50 times. | 把门轻轻关上 重复五十次 |
[59:53] | Count it out. | 数出来 |
[59:56] | 3 4 5 3, 4, 5, | |
[1:00:00] | 6 7 8 6, 7, 8 | |
[1:00:04] | You can’t just take off the top. | 不能只抓着上面 |
[1:00:06] | You got to get them by the roots. | 得连根拔掉 |
[1:00:16] | Your mother’s naive. | 你们的母亲很天真 |
[1:00:18] | It takes fierce will to get ahead in this world. | 要想出人头地得有非凡的意志 |
[1:00:22] | If you’re good, people take advantage of you. | 如果你太善良 别人就会利用你 |
[1:00:31] | Every one of these top executives, | 那些形形色色的高官 |
[1:00:33] | you know how they got where they are? | 知道他们是怎么坐到那位子的吗 |
[1:00:35] | Floated right down the middle of the river. | 从河中间漂下去 |
[1:00:40] | Don’t let anyone tell you there’s anything you can’t do. | 别让人说有什么是你办不到的 |
[1:00:45] | Don’t do like I did, promise me that. | 向我保证 别重蹈我的覆辙 |
[1:00:50] | Dreamed of being a great musician. | 我曾梦想成为一名伟大的音乐家 |
[1:00:53] | I let myself get sidetracked. | 却半途而废 |
[1:00:57] | If you’re looking for something to happen, that was it. | 如果你想有所成就 就要坚定不移 |
[1:00:59] | Life, lived it. | 生活 就要活出精彩 |
[1:01:18] | Job imagined he might build his nest on high. | 约伯曾憧憬巢筑高树的人生 |
[1:01:22] | That the integrity of his behavior | 他坚信自己行事光明磊落 |
[1:01:24] | would protect him against misfortune. | 会远离不幸 得到善报 |
[1:01:27] | And his friends thought mistakenly | 他的朋友错误地认为 |
[1:01:30] | that the Lord could only have punished | 上帝之所以处罚他 |
[1:01:32] | him because secretly he had done something wrong. | 是因为他做了见不得人的事 |
[1:01:36] | But no. | 但事实并非如此 |
[1:01:37] | Misfortune befalls the good as well. | 不幸也会降临到好人身上 |
[1:01:41] | We can’t protect ourselves against it. | 我们无法避免不幸 |
[1:01:43] | We can’t protect our children. | 保护不了我们的孩子 |
[1:01:45] | We can’t say to ourselves, even if I’m not happy, | 不能对自己说 就算我不快乐 |
[1:01:48] | I’m going to make sure they are. | 也要让孩子们开心 |
[1:01:52] | We run before the wind, | 我们御风奔跑 |
[1:01:53] | we think that it will carry us forever. | 以为风儿会一路相随 |
[1:01:56] | It will not. | 但它不会 |
[1:01:58] | We vanish as a cloud, | 我们如云般消散 |
[1:02:00] | we whither as the autumn grass. | 如秋草般枯萎 |
[1:02:02] | And like a tree, are rooted up. | 如树般被连根拔起 |
[1:02:08] | Is there some fraud in the scheme of the universe? | 在宇宙的宏图中 是否存在着尔虞我诈 |
[1:02:11] | Is there nothing which is deathless? | 是否存在着长生不老 |
[1:02:13] | Nothing, which does not pass away? | 是否有不朽般的存在 |
[1:02:18] | We cannot stay where we are. | 我们不能停滞不动 |
[1:02:21] | We must journey forth. | 必须勇往直前 |
[1:02:23] | We must find that which is greater than fortune or fate. | 我们得找到比财富和命运更重要的东西 |
[1:02:28] | Nothing can bring us peace, but that. | 除此之外 没什么能带来安宁 |
[1:02:33] | Is the body of the wise man or the just, exempt from any pain? | 理智与公正是否使人免受病痛的折磨 |
[1:02:38] | From any disquietude, from the deformity | 挣脱不安的困扰 远离残缺的遗憾 |
[1:02:40] | that might blight its beauty from the weakness, | 残缺可能会使美丽因虚弱而凋谢 |
[1:02:44] | that might destroy its health. | 使健康不再 |
[1:02:48] | Do you trust in God? | 你相信上帝吗 |
[1:02:50] | Job too, was close to the Lord. | 约伯也离上帝很近 |
[1:02:55] | Are your friends and children, your security? | 你的朋友 你的孩子 你的安全呢 |
[1:03:00] | There is no hiding place | 在这世上 |
[1:03:01] | in all the world where trouble may not find you. | 困扰无孔不入 无所不及 |
[1:03:04] | No one knows when sorrow might visit his house, | 无人知晓悲伤会何时来敲门 |
[1:03:06] | any more than Job did. | 约伯也不知道 |
[1:03:10] | At the very moment everything was taken away from Job. | 在那刻 约伯被剥夺了一切 |
[1:03:13] | He knew it was the Lord who had taken it away | 他知道 是上帝剥夺了这一切 |
[1:03:19] | Return from the passing shows of time | 往事一幕幕重现 |
[1:03:21] | he thought that which is eternal. | 他以为那就是永恒 |
[1:03:26] | As he alone see God’s hand, | 他只看到上帝伸出 |
[1:03:27] | who sees that he gives. | 那给予的双手 |
[1:03:30] | Or does not also the one see God’s hand, | 也许他没意识到 |
[1:03:33] | who sees that he takes away. | 那双手同样意味着收回 |
[1:03:37] | Or does he alone see God, | 也许他只看到上帝 |
[1:03:39] | who sees God turn his face towards him? | 那慈善的面庞 |
[1:03:43] | Does not also he see God, | 也许他没意识到 |
[1:03:45] | who sees God turn his back. | 那同样意味着拒绝 |
[1:03:48] | He’s a friend of mine. | 他是我朋友 |
[1:03:50] | The one who’s after real estate in town. | 在城里继承了笔房产 |
[1:03:53] | Frank Johnson. | 弗兰克·杰克逊 |
[1:03:56] | Started out as a barber. | 理发师出身 |
[1:03:59] | He built something, big. | 后来成就了番大事业 |
[1:04:03] | Now you’d think he was the fourth person of the Holy Trinity. | 你可能会觉得他是三位一体中的第四人 |
[1:04:09] | They never talk about their money. | 他们对自己的钱财闭口不谈 |
[1:04:14] | Wrong people go hungry. | 饿着的都是不该挨饿的人 |
[1:04:18] | Die. | 死去的都是不应牺牲的人 |
[1:04:22] | Wrong people get loved. | 幸福的都是不值得被爱的人 |
[1:04:26] | The world lives by a trigger. | 这是个急功近利的世界 |
[1:04:31] | You want to succeed? You can’t be too good. | 想成功 就别太善良 |
[1:04:42] | Hey there young fella, try my cornbread. | 小伙子 尝尝我的玉米面包 |
[1:04:46] | Do y’all want some butter, do you? | 你们想来点黄油吗 |
[1:04:50] | How about a pound of bread? | 来一磅面包怎样 |
[1:05:19] | You’ll like this right? Okay? Come on. | 这样站着 知道吗 快点 |
[1:05:23] | Act like you’re in trouble, | 装出一副惨样 |
[1:05:24] | you don’t want to fight, you don’t want any trouble. | 你不想挨揍 你不想惹麻烦 |
[1:05:26] | The minute you see him blink, crack him! | 一看到他眨眼 就上去痛扁他 |
[1:05:28] | Okay? | 懂了吗 |
[1:05:29] | Okay, come on, three quarters. | 来吧 三局了 |
[1:05:30] | Cover, you’re going to cover, right? | 防守 要懂防守 好吧 |
[1:05:32] | Okay, here. Come on, nice, harder, nice. | 打这里 不错 再用力点 不错 |
[1:05:34] | That’s a good right, let’s see your left. | 右手不错 看看左手怎样 |
[1:05:37] | This is the most important thing. | 这是最重要的事 |
[1:05:39] | Okay? You come in this way, keep your guard up. | 懂吗 就这样出拳 同时注意防守 |
[1:05:43] | Hit me, come on, hit me. Come on, Jack? Hit me. | 打我 快点 打我 杰克 打我 |
[1:05:45] | Hit me, come on, come on! | 打我 快点 快点 |
[1:05:47] | Okay, here it is, hit me! | 这里 打这里 |
[1:05:49] | Come on, son, come on! | 快点 儿子 快 |
[1:05:50] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[1:05:56] | Wipe yourself off. | 拍拍干净 |
[1:06:00] | Left! Don’t leave your tongue out, you’re going to lose it! | 左手 别把舌头伸出来 会被打爆的 |
[1:06:03] | Left. Left. Right. Right. | 左 左 右 右 |
[1:06:07] | Left, harder. | 左手 用力点 |
[1:06:09] | Harder. Harder! | 用力 用力 |
[1:06:12] | Hit me, hit me. Come on, son, hit. | 打我 打我 快点 儿子 打 |
[1:06:15] | Give me something, show me what you got. | 给我点颜色看看 让我看看你都学到了什么 |
[1:06:19] | Come on, go on. | 快点 继续 |
[1:06:27] | One meal. | 吃饭吧 |
[1:06:44] | Leave the table. | 下桌 |
[1:06:52] | You too? | 你也想下桌吗 |
[1:06:55] | – You going to continue to defy me? – No, sir. | -你想一直和我作对吗 -没有 先生 |
[1:06:57] | You’re interrupting me, I wasn’t done yet. | 你打断我了 我还没说完 |
[1:07:03] | Am I finished? | 我说完了吗 |
[1:07:06] | – Am I? – No. | -说完了吗 -没有 |
[1:07:09] | Thank you, Your Majesty. | 谢谢 陛下 |
[1:08:08] | Makes up stories. | 编造的故事 |
[1:08:13] | Fortunate words. | 花哨的字眼 |
[1:08:24] | He says don’t put your elbows on the table. | 他说别把手撑到桌上 |
[1:08:28] | He does. | 自己却那样做 |
[1:08:33] | Insults people. | 辱骂人 |
[1:08:37] | Doesn’t care. | 一点也不关心人 |
[1:08:39] | I remember when you were born. | 我还记得你出生的日子 |
[1:08:46] | They wouldn’t let me come home. | 他们不让我回家 |
[1:08:50] | Navy said an officer must be present for the laying of the cue. | 海军长官必须在场指挥任务 |
[1:08:56] | I had to launch. | 我必须出海 |
[1:09:42] | The next word is volcano. | 下一个词 火山 |
[1:09:54] | Next word is socket. | 下一个 插座 |
[1:10:03] | Please pass your answers to each other. | 把你们的答案交换一下 |
[1:10:04] | We’re going to grade each others’ papers now. | 现在给对方评分 |
[1:10:13] | No interruptions, please. | 别开小差 |
[1:10:16] | Come on, get your pencil out. | 快点 把铅笔拿出来 |
[1:11:39] | Sweetheart! Oh God, sweetheart! | 宝贝 天啊 宝贝 |
[1:11:43] | Honey! | 我的宝贝 |
[1:13:14] | Was it bad? | 死亡很痛苦吗 |
[1:13:25] | Will you die too? | 你也会死吗 |
[1:13:30] | You’re not that old yet, mom. | 妈妈 你还没那么老 |
[1:13:50] | Where were you? | 你在哪儿 |
[1:14:04] | You had a boy die. | 你就这样带走了一个男孩 |
[1:14:14] | Would anything happen? | 世事无常吗 |
[1:14:29] | I can’t see! I can’t see! | 什么都看不见 什么都看不见 |
[1:14:37] | Why should I be good? | 我为什么要做个好人 |
[1:14:42] | If you aren’t. | 你都不是好人 |
[1:15:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:15:50] | We’re close. | 快到了 |
[1:15:55] | Why’s this bare here? | 为什么偏偏这里裸露着 |
[1:15:57] | The grass won’t grow under the tree. | 树下不长草 |
[1:15:59] | – It does at Kimbles. – They have a gardener. | -吉伯斯家树下却长草 -他们有个园丁 |
[1:16:02] | They have money. | 他们有钱 |
[1:16:04] | Of course he inherited it. | 当然是继承来的 |
[1:16:08] | I don’t want to hear one more word out of you, | 在把活干完之前 |
[1:16:11] | not until this is finished. | 我不想听见你说任何话 |
[1:16:52] | You’re cropping that too close. | 你种得太密了 |
[1:16:54] | You’re going to have to keep that water. | 你得留点水 |
[1:17:23] | Toskanini. | 托斯卡尼尼 |
[1:17:25] | Once recorded a piece 65 times. | 为了一首歌 他就重录了65次 |
[1:17:27] | You know what he said when he finished? | 你知道他完成时说了什么吗 |
[1:17:30] | It could be better. | 没有最好 |
[1:17:34] | Think about it. | 好好想想 |
[1:17:37] | 27 patents, your father has. | 你爸爸我有二十七项专利 |
[1:17:42] | It means ownership, ownership of ideas. | 它代表着占有 占有想法 |
[1:17:46] | You gotta sew them up. | 得好好利用它们 |
[1:17:47] | – Get them by the nuts. – If you pardon my French. | -疯狂地去占有 -抱歉我语出不敬 |
[1:17:52] | Be rich. | 做个有钱人 |
[1:17:56] | You make yourself what you are. | 你能成为你想成为的人 |
[1:18:02] | You have control of your own destiny. | 你得掌握自己的命运 |
[1:18:08] | Can’t say I can’t. | 别说我不行 |
[1:18:11] | You see I’m having trouble. | 你看到我有麻烦 |
[1:18:14] | I’m not done yet. | 我还没完蛋 |
[1:18:16] | Can’t say I can’t. | 别说我不行 |
[1:18:54] | Why’s he hurt us? | 他为什么要伤害我们 |
[1:18:59] | Our father? | 我们父亲 |
[1:19:07] | – Come on, Vince! Come on. – Get it, get it! | -来吧 文斯 快来 -接住 接住 |
[1:19:24] | Give your father a kiss. | 来亲你父亲一下 |
[1:20:06] | Lies. | 谎言 |
[1:20:11] | – I can’t. – Will you do something for me? | -我不能 -你能帮我做件事吗 |
[1:20:13] | Do you promise you’ll do it? | 你能保证按我说的做吗 |
[1:20:14] | Without having to ask what it is? | 什么都不要问 |
[1:20:16] | Just have the confidence in what your father asks of you is right? | 只需相信你父亲的要求是对的 |
[1:20:18] | Yes, sir. | 好的 先生 |
[1:20:20] | In the next half hour, will you | 在接下来的半小时里 |
[1:20:21] | not speak unless you have something important to say? | 除了要紧事 你能不能管好你的嘴 |
[1:20:30] | What did you do today, my fine feathered friend? | 你今天做了什么 我的小鹦鹉 |
[1:20:35] | Sit on the front of your chair. | 坐椅子的前部 |
[1:20:37] | It’s better for your posture. I read that in the paper. | 这种姿势最好 我在报纸上看到的 |
[1:20:44] | Did you actually buy this from Mr. Ledbetter? | 这你是从莱德贝特先生那里买的吗 |
[1:20:48] | Don’t explain, just nod, yes or no? | 别说话 点头就行 是还是不是 |
[1:20:56] | Be quiet. | 别出声响 |
[1:21:00] | What did you say? | 你刚说什么 |
[1:21:05] | Please. | 求你了 |
[1:21:07] | Leave him alone. | 别碰他 |
[1:21:12] | Leave him alone! | 别碰他 |
[1:21:17] | Come here! Come here! | 过来 过来 |
[1:21:24] | Get up there! | 站起来 |
[1:22:22] | You turn my own kids against me. | 你让我自己的孩子跟我作对 |
[1:22:26] | You undermine everything I do. | 你破坏了我做的一切 |
[1:22:37] | How do you like it? | 你觉得爽了吗 |
[1:22:41] | Stop it! | 停下来 |
[1:22:43] | Stop. | 别动 |
[1:23:01] | Stop. | 别动 |
[1:25:00] | – Where’s Dad? – He’s gone on a trip. | -爸爸去哪了 -出海了 |
[1:25:47] | Get her! Get her! | 抓住她 抓住她 |
[1:25:49] | Help each other. | 互相帮助 |
[1:25:54] | Do not slam that screen door! | 别使劲摔门 |
[1:25:57] | Love everyone. | 爱每一个人 |
[1:26:02] | Every leaf. | 每一片叶子 |
[1:26:05] | Every ray of light. | 每一束光线 |
[1:26:15] | Our gift. | 我们的礼物 |
[1:26:57] | Shut up! | 闭嘴 |
[1:27:56] | – Watch out! – Watch out! | -小心 -小心 |
[1:27:58] | – Go. – Go! | -快走开 -快走 |
[1:28:17] | I say let’s bust them. | 不如把玻璃砸了 |
[1:28:45] | Found a frog! | 找到一只青蛙 |
[1:28:48] | Lets go set it off in a sky rocket! | 把它绑到冲天炮下面 |
[1:28:50] | He’s getting away! | 他逃走了 |
[1:28:54] | Get back! Get back! | 退后 退后 |
[1:29:03] | Did he go to the moon? | 他是不是去月亮上了 |
[1:29:07] | – Where is he? – Here he is. | -他去哪儿了 -在这里 |
[1:29:13] | It was an experiment! | 这是实验 |
[1:29:19] | Why? | 为什么 |
[1:29:22] | Never do it again. | 别再那么干了 |
[1:29:25] | Promise? | 你保证吗 |
[1:29:30] | You want to tell dad? | 你要告诉爸爸吗 |
[1:29:33] | They’re just trying to scare you. | 他们只是想吓唬你 |
[1:29:38] | Keep your ear there. | 你听好了 |
[1:29:45] | Things she got to learn. | 她得吸取教训 |
[1:29:50] | I gotta know stuff too. | 我也一样 |
[1:30:10] | They say you can’t try stuff? They do! | 他们说你不敢试 他们可不怕 |
[1:30:19] | What do you need be afraid of? | 你有什么害怕的 |
[1:30:24] | You’re afraid. I see it. | 你在害怕 我看出来了 |
[1:30:28] | Right here! Right here! | 就是这里 就是这里 |
[1:35:56] | I can’t talk to you. | 我不能告诉你 |
[1:36:07] | Don’t look at me. | 别看着我 |
[1:36:57] | Au revoir, story. | 再见 故事 |
[1:37:03] | Au revoir, dawn. | 再见 黎明 |
[1:37:35] | Put it in there. | 放进来 |
[1:38:16] | I trust you. | 我信任你 |
[1:38:34] | – You tired? – No. I never get tired. | -你累了吗 -不 我从来不会累 |
[1:38:38] | – You did this morning. – No, I was just pretending. | -你今早就累了 -没有 我装的 |
[1:38:41] | – You call me a liar? – No. | -你说我是骗子吗 -不是 |
[1:38:44] | – I don’t want to fight. – Afraid to? | -我不想打架 -你是害怕吗 |
[1:38:48] | No, I just don’t want to. | 不 我只是不想 |
[1:38:51] | – If I was to say you’re scared, would you call me a liar? – No. | -要我说你就是害怕 你说我是骗子吗 -不是 |
[1:38:57] | You’re scared, aren’t you? | 你在害怕 对吧 |
[1:39:10] | Quit it. | 别玩了 |
[1:40:00] | Come here! | 过来 |
[1:40:03] | No! | 不 |
[1:40:09] | I don’t want to do anything you tell me to. | 我不想听你发号施令 |
[1:40:12] | I want to do what I want. | 我只想做我自己想做的事 |
[1:40:18] | What do you know? You let him run all over you. | 你知道什么 你让他骑在你头上 |
[1:41:11] | How do I get back? | 我要怎么回去 |
[1:41:19] | Where they are? | 他们在哪里 |
[1:41:55] | This one is heavy, you’re going to need two hands. | 这个很重 你得用两只手来拎 |
[1:42:08] | – Careful now, you know what’s that? – Chinese? | -小心点 你知道那是什么吗 -中文 |
[1:42:12] | That’s Chinese, that’s very good, yes, it is. | 中文 没错 就是中文 |
[1:42:15] | Your father went all around the world. All the way to China. | 你们父亲周游了世界 一直到了中国 |
[1:42:19] | That’s Pan Am Airlines, | 这是泛美航空公司的 |
[1:42:20] | that’s what your father flew on. | 你们父亲坐的就是他们的航班 |
[1:42:22] | The entire bathroom was stainless steel. | 整个浴室都是不锈钢的 |
[1:42:24] | Even the wash basin. | 甚至连洗脸盆都是 |
[1:42:26] | I feel confident the deal is going through. | 我相信事情进行得很顺利 |
[1:42:29] | Nothing, forget it. I’ll tell Molly to go to hell. | 没什么 别管了 我会告诉莫丽让她去死好了 |
[1:42:32] | That’s from Germany. | 那是从德国带回来的 |
[1:42:35] | See that? | 看见那个了吗 |
[1:42:39] | Put that down, son. | 把那个放下 儿子 |
[1:42:41] | Can Taylor come over? | 泰勒能过来吗 |
[1:42:43] | Was your family not good enough for you? | 这个家对你还不够好吗 |
[1:42:52] | It’s not going to take as long as last time? | 还会像上次煮那么久吗 |
[1:42:56] | Al dente. | 要有嚼劲 |
[1:43:00] | It’s a subjective point, you know the difference? | 这是主观观点 你知道有什么区别吗 |
[1:43:03] | Subjective means it comes from your mind. | 主观的就是说是你自己的见解 |
[1:43:05] | It can’t be proven by other people. | 别人无法证明 |
[1:43:15] | It’s good to see you again. Let’s go, boys. | 很高兴再见到你 走吧 小伙子们 |
[1:43:22] | There are things you can’t do. | 有些事你无能为力 |
[1:43:24] | But there are things I can’t do either. | 有些事我也无能为力 |
[1:43:27] | You’re not to call me dad, you will call me father. | 你以后不要再叫我爸爸 你要叫我父亲 |
[1:43:30] | – But… – Do not interrupt! | -但是… -不要插话 |
[1:43:31] | – But you did… – Don’t interrupt! | -但是你以前 -不要插话 |
[1:43:39] | It’s your house. | 这是你的房子 |
[1:43:41] | You can kick me out whenever you want to. | 你什么时候想要我滚我就得滚 |
[1:43:48] | You’d like to kill me. | 你巴不得宰了我 |
[1:44:10] | Dad. | 爸爸 |
[1:44:16] | Why was he born? | 他为什么会出生 |
[1:45:43] | Please, God, kill him. | 求你了 上帝 让他去死吧 |
[1:45:50] | Let him die. | 让他去死 |
[1:45:57] | Get him out of here. | 让他离开这个世界 |
[1:46:20] | She only loves me! | 她只爱我一个 |
[1:46:34] | Defend O’Lord this thy child with thy heavenly grace. | 我主 请以圣宠保护你的这个孩子 |
[1:46:38] | That he may continue thine forever. | 保佑他永受圣恩 |
[1:46:41] | And daily increase in thy Holy Spirit more and more | 日渐成长 圣灵赐福 |
[1:46:45] | until he come unto thy everlasting kingdom, Amen. | 直至他去到你永恒的国度 阿门 |
[1:47:32] | See something… | 我看见些东西 |
[1:48:24] | Put your finger over it. | 把手指头放上来 |
[1:48:28] | There. | 那里 |
[1:48:31] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[1:49:30] | What I want to do I can’t do. | 我无法从心所欲 |
[1:49:38] | I do what I hate. | 只能违心而行 |
[1:50:42] | You can hit me if you want. | 你要是想打我就打吧 |
[1:51:02] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:51:06] | You’re my brother. | 你是我弟弟 |
[1:51:52] | What was it you showed me? | 你给我看的是什么 |
[1:52:03] | I didn’t know how to name you sin. | 我不知道怎么罗列你的罪孽 |
[1:52:11] | But I’ll say it was you. | 但是我会说就是你 |
[1:52:19] | Always you were calling me. | 你总是呼唤我 |
[1:54:10] | I wanted to be loved because I was great. | 我希望有人爱我 因为我很棒 |
[1:54:16] | A big man. | 一个大男人 |
[1:54:20] | I am nothing. | 现在却一无所有 |
[1:54:27] | Look, the glory around us. | 看 我们周围的荣耀 |
[1:54:33] | Trees and birds. | 树木和小鸟 |
[1:54:38] | I lived in shame. | 我活在羞愧中 |
[1:54:44] | I dishonored it all and didn’t notice the glory. | 我蔑视一切 忽视了荣耀 |
[1:54:53] | A foolish man. | 我是个愚蠢的人 |
[1:55:00] | They’re closing the plant. | 他们要关闭工厂 |
[1:55:06] | They gave me a choice. | 他们让我选择 |
[1:55:11] | No job. | 要么失去工作 |
[1:55:15] | Or transfer to a job nobody wants. | 要么去做没人愿意做的活 |
[1:55:28] | Father. | 父亲 |
[1:55:32] | I never missed a day of work. | 我从未懈怠过一天工作 |
[1:55:35] | Mother. | 母亲 |
[1:55:38] | Tithe every Sunday. | 周日按时缴税 |
[1:55:44] | Always you wrestle inside me. | 你们的思想我永远无法断然接受 |
[1:55:51] | Always you will. | 也永远无法忘记 |
[1:55:55] | You know, Jack, all I ever wanted for you was… | 知道吗 杰克 我对你的希望不过是… |
[1:55:59] | Make you strong and, grow up and be your own boss. | 变成一个成熟强大 能主掌自己命运的人 |
[1:56:08] | Maybe I’ve been tough on you. | 也许我对你太严格了 |
[1:56:12] | I’m not proud of that. | 对此我并不感到自豪 |
[1:56:15] | I’m as bad as you are. | 我跟你一样差劲 |
[1:56:21] | I’m more like you than her. | 我更像你 而不像妈妈 |
[1:56:32] | It was about all I’ve done in life, otherwise I’ve drawn zilch. | 那是我一生的全部 其余则一片空白 |
[1:56:44] | You’re all I have, you’re all I want to have. | 你是我的一切 你是我想要的一切 |
[1:56:55] | My sweet boy. | 我亲爱的儿子 |
[1:59:03] | Are you just going to stand there like a bump on a log? | 你要像个呆瓜一直在那站着吗 |
[2:00:17] | The only way to be happy is to love. | 想要收获快乐 只有去爱 |
[2:00:24] | Unless you love, | 只有去爱 |
[2:00:28] | your life will flash by. | 你的生命才不会一晃而过 |
[2:00:41] | Do good to them. | 对他们好点 |
[2:00:48] | Wonder. | 奇迹 |
[2:00:54] | Hope. | 希望 |
[2:01:48] | Brother. | 兄弟 |
[2:02:39] | Keep us. | 养育我们 |
[2:02:50] | Guide us. | 指引我们 |
[2:03:01] | To the end of time. | 直到时间的尽头 |
[2:03:46] | Follow me. | 跟着我 |
[2:10:53] | I give him to you. | 我把他交付与你 |
[2:11:00] | I give you my son. | 我把儿子交付与你 |