英文名称:The Tomorrow Man
年代:2019
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:25] | What I’m saying is | 我想说的是 |
[01:27] | that it’s more than what it seems, that’s all. | 事情远没有看起来那么简单 |
[01:30] | Much more. People don’t know | 更甚者 人们的无知 |
[01:34] | because they’re too busy with their game shows | 是因为他们埋首于娱乐节目 |
[01:37] | and football and silliness to take the time | 和橄榄球比赛 以至于愚蠢到没时间 |
[01:40] | to look and read and figure it all out. | 观察和阅读 以及把事情琢磨透彻 |
[01:43] | Who is it that said, | 是谁说的 |
[01:45] | “Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see”? | “耳听为虚 眼见不一定为实” |
[01:48] | These are interesting times we’re living in. | 这就是我们生活的奇异时代 |
[01:51] | That’s another saying. Chinese. Actually, it’s a curse. | 中国还有句成语 实际上是句咒骂 |
[01:56] | “All you have to do is look | “见风使舵 |
[01:59] | and learn to connect the dots and get ready.” | 伺机而动” |
[02:02] | Did you know there’s only three days’ worth of food in the stores | 知道吗 每家商店只会储备三天的食物 |
[02:06] | and when the S-H-T-F, the 99% are gonna be out of commission. | 一旦出现大灾难99%的店铺都会断货 |
[02:13] | I’m only telling you this because | 我之所以和你说这些 是因为 |
[02:15] | I wouldn’t be a good father to you if I didn’t let you know | 如果我不能把我所知的都告诉你 |
[02:18] | all the stuff that I know. | 那我就不是一个称职的父亲 |
[02:20] | It bears repeating, so I’m repeating it, | 因为它很重要 所以我一直重复着 |
[02:22] | so you can be prepared. | 这样你才能有备无患 |
[02:25] | It’s only a matter of time and it’s not far off now. | 那个时刻不远了 早一天晚一天的事儿 |
[02:28] | All you have to do is look around. | 你只要四处看看就行 |
[02:30] | You can see it if you open your eyes. | 睁大双眼你就能发觉问题 |
[02:32] | The biggest problem we have isn’t anything | 没有什么麻烦不能被解决 |
[02:34] | that a little focus couldn’t cure. | 只要我们付出一点注意力 |
[02:36] | And it’s not like it’s so hard. | 而且也没那么麻烦 |
[02:38] | There’s tons of information out there | 只要人们花点时间去观察 |
[02:40] | if people just take the time to look. | 他们可以获取数不尽的信息 |
[02:43] | And if you think being busy with all | 如果你忙着做那些 |
[02:46] | that stuff you think is so important, | 你自觉很重要的事情 |
[02:48] | well, you’re gonna learn that that’s not what really matters, | 你会发现其实那些事情并不重要 |
[02:51] | I mean what really matters. | 我指的是真正意义上的重要 |
[02:55] | All that’s gonna matter is what you do now. | 重要的是你当下在做什么 |
[03:00] | And I’m not saying all this to scare you or because I’m scared, | 说这些并不是想吓唬你或是因为我害怕了 |
[03:04] | because I’m not scared, if that’s what you think, no, | 如果你这么想就错了 不 我并不畏惧 |
[03:06] | I’m ready. | 我只是准备好了 |
[03:09] | I just want to be ready. | 我只是想未雨绸缪 |
[03:15] | Nice talking with you, Dad. | 很高兴和你聊天 爸爸 |
[03:20] | Yeah, okay. Bye. | 好吧 再见 |
[03:45] | Maggie, huh? | 你叫玛姬 |
[03:48] | You’re new here. | 你新来的 |
[03:59] | And $22.56. | 一共22美元56美分 |
[04:03] | It’s always a good idea to know your neighbor. | 认识一下自己的邻居永远是个好主意 |
[04:09] | You never know when you might need ’em. | 不知道什么时候你就会求到他们 |
[04:13] | Can I see your driver’s license? | 能看一下你的驾照吗 |
[04:15] | Ed Hemsler. | 我叫埃德·汉姆斯勒 |
[07:30] | …unemployed workers and returning veterans | 失业工人和退伍军人 |
[07:33] | were amongst the most hotly-debated items in the report. | 是该报告中广受争议的群体之一 |
[07:35] | The governor, after taking time off from his vacation | 在休假过后 州长为了彻底核算 |
[07:38] | to thoroughly examine the proposed budget cuts, | 提议中预算缩减项目的问题 |
[07:40] | has asked for a three-day period | 他提出用三天时间 |
[07:42] | to allow his staff to assess the merits of the proposal | 让他的团队重新评估该提案的价值 |
[07:45] | and respond to what one official has termed | 并回应一位官员意有所指的 |
[07:47] | “petty obstructionism.” | “以卵击石”论调 |
[07:50] | Fortunately, Ed Hemsler has devised | 幸运的是 埃德·汉姆斯勒设计出了 |
[07:52] | an innovative solution to our problems, | 一个能解决我们所有问题的创新方案 |
[07:54] | allowing him the much-envied ability | 此方案能让他穿着内衣裤 |
[07:56] | to sit around in his underwear | 到处无所事事 |
[07:58] | as the world passes him by. | 还能被人们视而不见 |
[08:44] | – Hi. – Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[08:49] | – That’ll be $9.50. – Okay. | -一共9美元50美分 -好的 |
[09:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:30] | Wrong. Wrong. | 错了 错了 |
[09:51] | …federal mandates affecting National Guard members. | 联邦授权将影响国民警卫队成员 |
[09:54] | Governor Wilkenson said that he welcomed the changes | 威尔金森州长表示欢迎此类改变 |
[09:57] | citing recent events as families gathered | 对于最近发生的 亲属们聚集在一起 |
[10:00] | to honor the 17 people who died that terrible day. | 悼念在悲剧中失去的17位受害者这一事件 |
[10:04] | The governor added that he believed there was a growing hope | 州长还说 在我们寻找阻止悲剧再发的办法时 |
[10:08] | and sense of purpose shared amongst Americans | 他也相信在美国人民心中 |
[10:11] | as we seek to find new ways to prevent tragedies | 对于希望和使命感的火焰从不会熄灭 |
[10:13] | like this from ever happening again. | 就仿佛悲剧从未发生一样 |
[10:17] | What’s the matter, Ed? | 怎么了 埃德 |
[10:20] | Did I say something wrong? | 我说错什么了吗 |
[11:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:23] | Hi, Ed. | 你好 埃德 |
[11:25] | Maggie. | 玛姬 |
[12:02] | The forecast, mostly sunny skies today… | 天气预报 今日大部分地区天气晴朗 |
[12:54] | Oh, I’m sorry! | 对不起 |
[12:57] | That’s my fault. I got ya. | 我的错 我这就开走 |
[13:01] | Okay. | 好的 |
[13:15] | Nice car. | 车不错 |
[13:18] | It’s not a Ford. You like it? | 不是福特牌的 你喜欢它吗 |
[13:21] | Yeah. It’s good… on gas. | 还行 挺省油的 |
[13:23] | Oh, that’s important. | 这挺重要的 |
[13:25] | You never know when you’re gonna need some. | 说不准什么时候就缺油了 |
[13:27] | – Yeah. – You like coming here? | -好吧 -你喜欢来这里吗 |
[13:29] | Dan’s, I mean. I see you here from time to time. | 我指的是超市 我时不时能看到你 |
[13:33] | It’s… it’s convenient. | 这里 这里挺方便的 |
[13:35] | Nice selection. | 挺会挑的 |
[13:41] | So, have a nice day… | 那么 祝你有个愉快的一天 |
[13:42] | I’m Ed. | 我叫埃德 |
[13:45] | – Ronnie. – Ronnie? | -我叫罗妮 -罗妮吗 |
[13:47] | Ronnie. | 是的罗妮 |
[13:48] | That’s a man’s name. Ronnie what? | 这是男人的名字 罗妮什么 |
[13:51] | Meisner. | 迈斯勒 |
[13:53] | – M-e… – E-i. | -摩爱 -迈 |
[13:58] | Hemsler. That’s my last name. Ed Hemsler. | 我姓汉姆斯勒 我全名叫埃德·汉姆斯勒 |
[14:01] | Pleased to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[14:05] | Okay. Nice to meet you. | 好的 很高兴认识你 |
[14:07] | – Yeah. You too. – Have… have a good day. | -我也是 -祝你有个愉快的一天 |
[14:16] | Ronnie Meisner. | 罗妮·迈斯勒 |
[15:05] | So? | 那么 |
[15:07] | What’re you shopping for today? | 你今天要买什么 |
[15:09] | Oh. Hi. | 你好 |
[15:11] | Just some stuff. | 就是买点东西 |
[15:14] | And how about you? | 你呢 |
[15:15] | Yeah, I’m just getting some stuff too. | 我也在买些东西 |
[15:19] | Well, it’s good to see you again, Ronnie. | 很高兴再见到你 罗妮 |
[15:22] | All right. You have a good day. | 好的 祝你今天过得愉快 |
[15:25] | – Ed. – Ed. | -埃德 -埃德 |
[15:34] | Wow, you were busy. What’re you getting ready for? | 你真忙 你在准备什么吗 |
[15:37] | Oh, no. I just needed some things. | 不 我只是需要一些东西 |
[15:39] | You’re ready, aren’t you? | 你准备好了 对吧 |
[15:41] | I get it. I can see it. | 我懂 我能看出来 |
[15:43] | You can see? | 你能看出来吗 |
[15:44] | I knew it the minute I saw you. | 见到你第一眼我就看出来了 |
[15:47] | You know, the way you were looking. | 你找东西的方式 |
[15:48] | Smart shopping, strategic. I get it. | 精明式购物 极具战术性 我懂 |
[15:50] | Well, I was just getting some things. | 行吧 我就是来买点东西 |
[15:53] | Yeah, I know. And I know you know. | 是的我懂 而且我知道你也懂 |
[15:57] | This is all going down. | 一切都将崩塌 |
[16:02] | You like coffee? | 你喜欢喝咖啡吗 |
[16:03] | You gotta realize there’s more to it than that. | 你必须意识到还有比这更重要的事情 |
[16:07] | There’s things that most people don’t understand. | 有些事很多人都不明白 |
[16:11] | America. | 美利坚 |
[16:13] | This is such a special place. | 这是一个非常特别的地方 |
[16:16] | Special in history. | 历史上绝无仅有的 |
[16:19] | You gotta look at the whole picture. | 你得看到大局 |
[16:21] | You ever hear of The Federalist Papers? | 你听说过《联邦党人文集》吗 |
[16:24] | Uh-uh. | 没有 |
[16:26] | To know what they are, you gotta go way back | 想要读懂这些文章 你得追根溯源 |
[16:28] | to what’s called the Magna Carta. | 回到《马格纳·卡塔》里去 |
[16:30] | That’s when things really got going, | 那才是一切的开端 |
[16:32] | but you can go back further than that if you wanna see. | 如果想刨根问底 你还可以继续回溯 |
[16:34] | It’s all a matter of controlling people. | 这些文章里讲的全是掌控民众的事情 |
[16:37] | You got basically two types: | 人基本上可以分为两类 |
[16:39] | those who want to control you and | 想要掌控你的和 |
[16:41] | those who don’t want to be controlled. | 不想被掌控的人 |
[16:42] | That’s me, the second type. | 我就是那第二种 |
[16:44] | You want more coffee? | 你还想再来一杯咖啡吗 |
[16:46] | Oh, no. No. I… | 不 不 我 |
[16:49] | Ooh. Ooh, I got to get back. | 我得回去了 |
[16:52] | Yeah, I gotta get back to some stuff, too. | 是啊 我也得回去做事了 |
[17:04] | You need to borrow my watch next time? | 下次需要我把表借给你吗 |
[17:06] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[17:34] | You like pie? | 你喜欢派吗 |
[17:39] | I like pie. | 我喜欢派 |
[17:41] | Just ’cause they have some great pies at Guy’s Grill. | 单纯是因为烧烤客的派特别好吃 |
[17:44] | I was thinking maybe we could go to dinner | 我就想着也许咱们可以一起吃个饭 |
[17:46] | and then finish up with a couple of slices. | 然后再来几片派 |
[17:48] | Apple, peach. Around 8:00? | 苹果或者桃子味的 8点左右怎么样 |
[17:53] | 8:00 sounds good. | 8点可以 |
[17:55] | Oh. Good. | 好的 |
[18:20] | They have karaoke. | 他们有卡拉OK |
[18:28] | Not that there’s anything special about it. | 倒也没什么特别好说的 |
[18:31] | The way I see it, we’re pretty much all the same. | 在我看来 我们差不多是一类人 |
[18:34] | I’m your basic, average red-blooded American male. | 我就是一个普通平凡的美国男性 |
[18:41] | I got a son, Brian. | 我有个儿子 布莱恩 |
[18:42] | He’s got a nice family. | 他有个美满的家庭 |
[18:44] | Great daughter. Pretty wife. | 听话的女儿和漂亮的妻子 |
[18:46] | They got a big house | 他们住在离这里 |
[18:48] | about an hour or so from here. | 大概一小时车程的大房子里 |
[18:50] | I had him around the time I started with Capitol Bearings. | 他是在我刚入职国会大厦轴承时出生的 |
[18:54] | I did systems analysis. Basically quality control. | 我做系统性分析 主要负责质量管控 |
[18:59] | You have no idea how screwed up | 如果这世上没有滚珠轴承 |
[19:02] | the world would be if it weren’t for ball bearings. | 你都不知道这世界会乱成什么样 |
[19:05] | And they have to be perfect, | 他们必须完美 |
[19:07] | and I mean perfect, or else, boom! | 严格意义上的完美 否则就完蛋了 |
[19:10] | About six years ago, I took the severance. | 大约六年前 我拿到了遣散费 |
[19:14] | It was a… pretty decent deal. | 那是一笔 相当不错的钱数 |
[19:17] | I’m not the type to complain. | 我不是那种爱抱怨的人 |
[19:19] | The way I see it, I’m on the wrong side of 60 anyway, | 依我看 反正我已经迈入60岁的门槛 |
[19:22] | I’m not getting any younger, but I’m… | 不会再年轻了 但我 |
[19:25] | I’m talking too much. How about you? You have kids? | 我话太多了 你呢 你有孩子吗 |
[19:30] | Um… my daughter died. | 我女儿死了 |
[19:39] | She was my world. | 她曾是我的一切 |
[19:42] | But… It wasn’t fair. | 但是 这太不公平了 |
[19:46] | But you know what they say about life. | 但你也知道 生活就是这个德性 |
[19:51] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[19:53] | I like to sew, though. Um, I, uh… | 我挺喜欢缝纫的 我 |
[19:57] | I got some stuff I like to do. | 我有一些喜欢做的事情 |
[19:59] | Oh, that’s… | 这 |
[20:02] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[20:03] | Yeah. It was… | 是啊 这 |
[20:06] | She was special. | 她很特别 |
[20:11] | She was going to be 13. | 她就快13岁了 |
[20:14] | How’d she die? | 她怎么去世的 |
[20:16] | Well… | 是 |
[20:18] | It was a really rare disease. | 是一种非常罕见的疾病 |
[20:20] | Mens. | 多内肿症 |
[20:22] | “Men”? | 男人[谐音man] |
[20:25] | M-E-N-S. It’s Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Syndrome. | 是多发性内分泌肿瘤综合症的缩写 |
[20:31] | I read so much. | 我读了很多相关书籍 |
[20:36] | The doctors said, nothing they could do. | 医生说他们也无能为力 |
[20:41] | But I don’t know, I… | 但是我不知道 我 |
[20:45] | – Your husband? – He died, too. | -你丈夫呢 -他也死了 |
[20:48] | But not from a rare disease. Just cancer. | 但不是什么罕见的疾病 只是癌症 |
[20:52] | I told him not to smoke, but what can you do? | 除了告诉他不要吸烟 我还能做什么 |
[20:57] | What can any of us do? | 我们都无能为力 |
[21:00] | You know what you said before about | 之前你说 |
[21:02] | being on the wrong side of 60? | 关于过了60岁这件事 |
[21:06] | To me, I don’t think there’s a wrong side of 60. | 我并不觉得60岁有什么不好 |
[21:13] | You know, I don’t mind telling you… | 你知道 我不介意告诉你 |
[21:16] | I think you got a real nose for this game. | 你觉得你对于这个世界有着敏锐的知觉 |
[21:18] | The way people look at things. It’s all in the eyes. | 世人看待事物的方式 全在他们的眼神里 |
[21:23] | What kind of tuna do you prefer? Generally speaking. | 你喜欢哪种金枪鱼 一般来说 |
[21:27] | Oh… I guess Charlie. | 我觉得查里牌很好 |
[21:31] | StarKist. Me too. Paper products? | 斯塔基 我也是 纸制品呢 |
[21:35] | Yeah, you know, toilet paper. It’s important. | 你知道 厕纸很重要 |
[21:38] | Oh. Well, I don’t really think about it. | 我没太想过这个问题 |
[21:40] | I just squeeze ’em. | 我只是买的时候捏捏 |
[21:41] | Right. | 很正确 |
[21:43] | It’s all about not making things harder than they have to be. | 没有必要把本来简单的东西复杂化 |
[21:47] | – Batteries? – I know this one. Coppertop. | -电池呢 -这个我知道 买铜头的 |
[21:50] | Generic on that one as far as I’m concerned, | 据我所知那是无商标产品 |
[21:53] | as long as it’s alkaline. That’s key. | 只要是碱性的就行 那才是关键 |
[21:56] | You seem to know a lot about stuff. | 你好像懂得很多 |
[21:59] | Well, I do. Because I care. | 的确 因为我在乎 |
[22:03] | I can see that. | 能看出来 |
[22:22] | Oh, that old thing, it’s only good for news and weather. | 这老家伙 只能听听新闻和天气 |
[22:26] | That’s the only thing worth listening to as far as I’m concerned. | 我认为只有一件事是值得听的 |
[22:28] | Everything else is just… | 其他所有的事情就 |
[22:30] | …people trying to get you to buy something you don’t need. | 人们总是想方设法地让你买不需要的东西 |
[22:33] | ♪ Doin’ the town And doin’ it right In the evenin’ ♪ | ♪ 黄昏到小镇上来是明智的选择 ♪ |
[22:40] | ♪ It’s pretty pleasin’ ♪ | ♪ 非常愉快 ♪ |
[22:46] | ♪ Muskrat Suzie, Muskrat Sam ♪ | ♪ 麝鼠苏怡 麝鼠山姆 ♪ |
[22:50] | ♪ Do the jitterbug At a Muskrat Land ♪ | ♪ 在麝鼠之地跳吉特巴舞 ♪ |
[22:54] | ♪ And they shimmy ♪ | ♪ 他们闪耀着 ♪ |
[22:59] | ♪ Sam is so skinny… ♪ | ♪ 山姆瘦的皮包骨 ♪ |
[23:07] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[23:09] | What… what’s wrong? | 怎 怎么了 |
[23:12] | Ed! What is it? | 埃德 发生什么了 |
[23:15] | You can’t do this! | 你不能这样 |
[23:19] | Well, I know. I’m not a great singer. | 我知道 我不是个好歌手 |
[23:22] | No, no! That’s not… | 不 不 不是那样 |
[23:25] | You don’t like “Muskrat Love”? | 你不喜欢麝鼠的爱吗情 |
[23:27] | I love “Muskrat Love”! | 我当然爱麝鼠的爱情 |
[23:29] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[23:32] | No, no, no. No, no. | 不 不 不 不 不 |
[23:35] | Don’t say you’re sorry. It’s not you. | 你别对不起 不是你的错 |
[23:37] | You’re… | 你 |
[23:40] | You’re wonderful! | 你太棒了 |
[23:43] | Well, what is it? Ed! | 好吧 这算什么 埃德 |
[23:51] | Ed! Ed! | 埃德 埃德 |
[23:55] | I like you! | 我喜欢你 |
[23:56] | What? I like you, too! | 什么 我也喜欢你 |
[23:59] | No! I mean I really like you! | 不 我是说我真的很喜欢你 |
[24:04] | And it scares the hell out of me. | 这让我感到害怕 |
[24:32] | I had a really great time. | 今晚我过得很开心 |
[24:43] | – I got these for you. – They’re beautiful. | -送给你 -真漂亮 |
[24:48] | Well, good night. | 嗯 晚安 |
[25:07] | Can we go to your place? | 我们能去你家吗 |
[25:21] | Oh, can I… | 我能 |
[25:23] | Oh. Yes. | 当然 |
[25:44] | Oh. Put these in water until I go. | 把它们放到水里直到我走 |
[25:47] | Oh, sure. | 好的 |
[25:50] | Uh… Let me get you something to drink. I have everything. | 我给你拿些喝的 我什么都有 |
[25:54] | Oh. Just water. | 水就行了 |
[25:56] | Are you sure? I got everything. | 你确定 我这应有尽有 |
[25:58] | Wine, beer, mixed drinks. | 红酒 啤酒 混合饮料 |
[26:02] | No, just water, please. | 不用 请给我水就行 |
[26:04] | Got that, too. Purified and fluoride free. | 这个也有 纯净的没有氟化物 |
[26:12] | Your house is… is lovely. | 你家很温馨 |
[26:19] | Everything is so well… | 一切都很好地 |
[26:24] | kept. | 保存了 |
[26:26] | It’s my home. | 这就是我家 |
[26:31] | Oh. Here, why don’t you sit down. | 为什么你不坐下呢 |
[26:37] | Uh, do you want to watch TV? | 你想看电视吗 |
[26:38] | Oh, okay. | 好啊 |
[26:39] | Ah, here. Let’s see. | 在这 我看看 |
[26:42] | So, what do you like to see? Sports? No? | 你喜欢看什么 体育 不是 |
[26:46] | No, I’m kidding. Movies? | 不 我开玩笑的 电影 |
[26:49] | I like movies. Old ones. | 我喜欢电影 那些老电影 |
[26:51] | Back when they knew what they were doing. | 回到他们知道自己在做什么的年代 |
[26:54] | Yeah, things were different then | 是 现在一切都变了 |
[26:56] | and I don’t mind saying it was better as far as I’m concerned. | 不得不说依我看来还是过去好 |
[26:58] | I mean, I like being progressive and all that sort of thing, | 我的意思是 我喜欢事物的进步 |
[27:02] | but there comes a point when you just gotta say, | 但有一点不得不说 |
[27:05] | John Wayne is where I want to be, you know what I mean? | 我想要成为约翰·维恩 你明白吗 |
[27:08] | Uh, I think so. | 我懂 |
[27:10] | So, what kind of movies do you like? | 所以 你喜欢什么电影 |
[27:12] | Documentaries. | 记录片 |
[27:13] | Mm. On what? What kind of subject? | 关于什么的 哪一类的 |
[27:17] | War. | 战争 |
[27:21] | As 150,000 soldiers | 当150000个士兵 |
[27:23] | stormed across the English Channel… | 急速穿过英吉利海峡 |
[27:27] | I wouldn’t have pegged you as a war type. | 我没想到你是个战争迷 |
[27:29] | War is so interesting. | 战争很有意思 |
[27:32] | My dad was in the war. The big one. | 我父亲曾经参过战 一场很大的战役 |
[27:35] | Do you know where? Well… | 你知道是哪吗 嗯 |
[27:37] | He said he saw the world. He said it was great. | 他说他看到了世界 他说那很宏大 |
[27:40] | Well, yeah. I was… | 嗯 是 我曾经 |
[27:44] | Well, I never got to go. | 嗯 我从没去过 |
[27:49] | Oh, no? That’s a good thing, isn’t it? | 那是好事 不是吗 |
[27:51] | Oh, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[27:52] | A man can learn a lot about himself in war. | 一个男人在战争中可以更多地了解自己 |
[27:55] | Yeah. My dad just mostly learned how to drink. | 嗯 我父亲更多学会的是怎么喝酒 |
[28:00] | Then there’s that, too. | 那也算是 |
[28:07] | You like to drink, Ed? | 你喜欢喝酒 埃德 |
[28:09] | Sometimes. | 有时候 |
[28:12] | Well, not a lot. I like to keep a clear head. | 不太多 我喜欢保持清醒的头脑 |
[28:15] | You never know when you’re gonna need your wits. | 你不知道什么时候需要用到你的头脑 |
[28:40] | Can we just sit here, please? | 我们能就坐在这儿吗 |
[28:45] | I mean I know that… | 我的意思是我知道 |
[28:48] | I… I just like being here. | 我 我就是喜欢这么呆着 |
[28:51] | Just sitting, watching TV. | 就坐在这儿看看电视 |
[28:56] | No, no. | 不 不 |
[28:57] | We can sit and watch TV. That would be great. | 我们可以坐在这看电视 那很棒 |
[29:54] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[29:57] | Two Equals, right? Oh. | 两杯咖啡 好吗 |
[30:00] | What… | 什么 |
[30:01] | Was it just one? | 一杯就够吗 |
[30:03] | The time… Oh! Oh, no. Oh, no, no, no. | 几点了 不 不 不 |
[30:08] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[30:09] | Oh, no, no, no. I’m late. | 不 不 不 我要迟到了 |
[30:10] | I’m late for work. | 我上班晚了 |
[30:11] | So, you’re a little late for work. | 你上班只是有一点晚 |
[30:13] | No! No! | 不行 不行 |
[30:16] | No, no… | 不 不 |
[30:47] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[30:49] | You didn’t go home last night. | 你昨晚没回家 |
[30:54] | Ronnie Meisner | 罗妮·迈斯勒 |
[30:56] | I do believe you are doing the walk of shame. | 我很确定你走得毫无廉耻 |
[31:45] | No. | 不 |
[31:47] | No, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 不 |
[31:55] | Really? That? | 真的吗 买这个 |
[32:07] | Oh, I have a ride. | 有人接我 |
[32:08] | You sure? Don’t worry about me. | 你确定 不用担心我 |
[32:10] | You’re not out of the way or anything. | 反正你和我顺路不麻烦的 |
[32:12] | Oh, it’s… I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[32:15] | – A hundred percent, yeah? – Yeah, I’m fine. | -百分百确定吗 -是 我可以的 |
[32:17] | Thank you, but, really, I’m good. Oh, man. | 谢谢 但真的,我没事 伙计 |
[32:24] | I only hope I can do it like you do when I’m your age. | 真希望我到你这个年纪的时候能像你一样 |
[32:27] | Oh, it’s not what it seems. | 其实并不是这样的 |
[32:30] | Whatever. | 不管怎么样 |
[32:31] | Just don’t do anything I wouldn’t do twice. | 别再做我都不敢做第二次的事情 |
[32:49] | …the third major power outage this year due to high winds. | 这是第三次大风造成的大规模停电 |
[32:53] | The LLPC has begun upgrades to the system | 电力局已经开始对系统升级 |
[32:55] | that are intended to prevent future power outages. | 力图阻止未来再次停电 |
[32:58] | Needless to say, Ed Hemsler has a backup | 不用说 埃德·汉姆斯勒有备用发电机 |
[33:00] | generator for just such occasions… | 以防万一 |
[33:04] | because Ed Hemsler thinks of everything. | 因为埃德·汉姆斯勒考虑到了所有的事 |
[33:09] | because Ed Hemsler thinks of everything. | 因为埃德·汉姆斯勒考虑到了所有的事 |
[33:11] | Because Ed Hemsler thinks of everything. | 因为埃德·汉姆斯勒考虑到了所有的事 |
[34:01] | You like Chinese? | 你喜欢中国菜吗 |
[34:12] | What… | 什么 |
[34:14] | We don’t have to do Chinese. | 我们不一定非吃中国菜 |
[34:16] | Ed Hemsler, | 埃德·汉姆斯勒 |
[34:17] | a woman doesn’t like to be left in the dark. | 一位女士不喜欢被留在黑暗里 |
[34:23] | When a gentleman takes her out, | 当一位绅士带她出去 |
[34:25] | the least he could do is contact her in some way | 至少他应该以某种方式联系她 |
[34:28] | and let her know that he had fond | 让她知道他与她一起度过了 |
[34:30] | memories of their evening together | 美好的一晚 |
[34:32] | even if he didn’t, because that’s what gentlemen do. | 即使没有也一样 因为那才是绅士该做的 |
[34:36] | But I am a gentleman. | 但我是个绅士 |
[34:38] | Well, then where were you? | 那么昨晚你在哪 |
[34:40] | Why didn’t you call me? | 为什么你没有打电话给我 |
[34:42] | I thought you might want a break or something. | 我觉得你可能需要休息一下 |
[34:46] | A break from what? | 休息什么 |
[34:48] | Well, from me. | 因为我 |
[34:55] | I kissed you. | 我亲了你 |
[34:59] | You did. | 是的 |
[35:05] | Chinese is fine. | 中国菜不错 |
[35:09] | I’ll be right out front. | 我会在门口等你 |
[35:10] | You can find out the truth if you know where to look for it. | 如果你知道去哪找就会发现真相 |
[35:13] | The Internet is the biggest library in the universe. | 互联网是世界上最大的图书馆 |
[35:17] | Someone called it the deep water of logic and limitation. | 有人叫它逻辑与局限的深水区 |
[35:22] | And I like to swim. | 而我喜欢游泳 |
[35:24] | Ask me something. | 问我点什么 |
[35:25] | Something? Like what? | 什么 举个例子 |
[35:27] | Something like anything. | 什么事都行 |
[35:30] | Well, I don’t know. Like what? | 我不知道 哪方面的 |
[35:33] | Isn’t there something you want to know that you don’t know? | 难道没有什么事是你想知道但不知道的吗 |
[35:37] | Not really. | 好像没有 |
[35:39] | – Nothing? – No. | -没有吗 -没有 |
[35:43] | So, you know everything there is you want to know. | 所以你想知道的任何事你都知道 |
[35:45] | No, I didn’t say that. | 不 我没这么说 |
[35:46] | So, what do you want to know? | 那你想要知道什么 |
[35:49] | I think what I mean is I don’t know what I want to know yet. | 我的意思是我还不知道我想要知道什么 |
[35:54] | About you. | 关于你 |
[35:56] | And when I know what I want to know, I’ll let you know. | 什么时候我想知道了 我会问你的 |
[36:00] | Is that okay? | 这样可以吗 |
[36:03] | Yeah. | 当然 |
[36:11] | Good noodles. | 面条不错 |
[36:14] | One day, you must remember to explain to me | 有天 你一定要记得向我解释 |
[36:16] | what this has to do with the real world. | 这和现在世界有什么关系 |
[36:18] | What this has to do with the real world? | 这和现在现实世界有什么关系 |
[36:21] | What… Jesus, Brian. | 我的天啊 布莱恩 |
[36:23] | No, I’m not hogging the conversation. | 不 我没有独占这次谈话 |
[36:25] | You want to speak? Go ahead, speak. | 你还想说 继续 说 |
[36:27] | I actually don’t want to talk about any of this anymore. | 事实上我不想再谈论这个事了 |
[36:29] | It’s not like I have a bank account | 不是我有个银行账户 |
[36:31] | that is magically filled every other week. | 每周都神奇地存满钱 |
[36:33] | I have work that I have to do. | 我还有工作要做 |
[36:34] | – Are you saying I didn’t earn it? – I’m not saying anything | -你在说我没赚过钱吗 -我没那么说 |
[36:37] | $23.50. | 一共23.50 |
[36:39] | Well, I did earn it. | 我挣过钱 |
[36:40] | Seventeen years of earning it doing real work. | 是我辛苦工作十七年挣来的 |
[36:43] | Work that mattered, back when people honored their commitments. | 我的工作很重要 那年头人人都信守承诺 |
[36:47] | But now, all I can say is good luck when it’s time to collect. | 现在该我收获回报了 我却只能祈祷好运 |
[36:50] | We don’t accept checks anymore. | 本店现在不收支票 |
[36:57] | Now, I know you think I’m saying all this stuff | 我知道你觉得我跟你说这些 |
[36:59] | just to make you think that I’m smarter than you | 只是为了证明我比你聪明 |
[37:01] | so that I can act like I’m still your father. | 好继续跟你摆摆父亲的架子 |
[37:03] | Well, I got news for you, I am still your father. | 那你听好了 我可还是你爹啊 |
[37:06] | I know you’re still my father. That’s why I called. | 我知道你还是我爹 所以我才打你电话啊 |
[37:09] | Janet and I want to invite you to Thanksgiving dinner this year. | 珍内特和我想请你参加今年的感恩节晚餐 |
[37:15] | Will your mother be there? | 你妈妈也会去吗 |
[37:16] | Of course not. Will you come? | 当然不会 那你会来吗 |
[37:21] | Can I bring someone? | 我能带个人来吗 |
[37:28] | Tina? | 缇娜 |
[37:32] | Hey, I’ll call you back, okay? Yeah. | 我回头再打给你好吗 好的 |
[37:37] | I see him. The way he waits outside for you. | 我看到他了 他在外面等你的那幅模样 |
[37:41] | He’s, like, so totally your BFF. | 他绝对是你的”辈好友[BFF]”啊 |
[37:43] | What is that? A BFF? | “辈好友”是什么意思 |
[37:45] | Best friend forever. | 一辈子最铁的朋友 |
[37:47] | He waits for me? | 他在外面等我吗 |
[37:49] | Look, my guy, the guy I’m into right now, he’s like that. | 知道吗 我现在喜欢的就是他这个类型的 |
[37:55] | He thinks about me. He holds doors. | 他心里有我 还帮我把门扶着 |
[37:57] | Oh, Ed does that. | 埃德确实会这么做 |
[38:00] | – Ed? – Mm-hmm. | -他叫埃德 -嗯 |
[38:03] | Ed’s a good name. | 埃德是个好名字 |
[38:05] | I mean, it’s not very original, | 这个名字虽然没那么特别 |
[38:06] | but that might not be such a bad thing. | 但那也不是什么坏事 |
[38:09] | – You want my opinion? – Yeah. | -想听听我的意见吗 -好啊 |
[38:12] | I say, ride it like a wave. | 我觉得你应该顺势而为 |
[38:15] | What’s that mean? “Ride it…” | 这是什么意思 顺什么势啊 |
[38:17] | Don’t fall off the board and it’s all good. | 只要顺其自然就好 |
[38:20] | When I’m your age, if I don’t mess it up, | 等我到你这个年纪的时候 如果我没搞砸 |
[38:22] | I’m gonna have an Ed | 我身边也会有位埃德 |
[38:24] | and I’m gonna dig it because it’s all there is. | 我会好好爱他 不然我还能爱谁呢 |
[38:28] | Just Ed or Chris… | 不是埃德就是克里斯咯 |
[38:33] | Bobby, Peter… | 要么就是波比 还有皮特 |
[38:35] | He’s invited me to Thanksgiving at his son’s house. | 他邀请我去他儿子家过感恩节 |
[38:40] | Whoa. | 哇哦 |
[38:41] | Turkey is a serious thing. | 火鸡家宴可非同寻常 |
[38:44] | It’s a commitment. | 这说明他是认真的 |
[38:46] | You can tell a lot about a person by how they cook a turkey. | 从烹饪火鸡的方式可以看出一个人的性格 |
[38:49] | I don’t think Ed’s gonna be making the turkey. | 我觉得火鸡肯定不是由埃德来做 |
[39:03] | 达芬奇说世上有三种人: 一种人自己能看见 一种人要别人指出来他才能看见 还有一种人永远都看不见 Captain Reality:(上午11时02分) | |
[39:13] | 追寻者 那你是哪种人 | |
[39:19] | I’ve got you. | 我会带好你的 |
[39:21] | Sure? | 你确定 |
[39:24] | Almost there. | 就快到了 |
[39:29] | – Keep them closed. – Okay, I am. | -把眼睛闭好 -没问题 闭着呢 |
[39:32] | Showing you this means I’m trusting you more than anybody. | 我把这个给你看 因为你是我最信任的人 |
[39:37] | – What is it? – No, keep ’em closed. | -咱们要看什么 -别急 把眼睛闭好 |
[39:39] | They’re closed. | 我闭好了 |
[39:40] | Even my son has never seen this. | 连我儿子都没见过这个 |
[39:42] | For goodness’ sake, what is it? | 天呐 你快告诉我是什么吧 |
[39:45] | Open them now. | 现在可以睁开了 |
[39:47] | Okay. | 好的 |
[39:52] | You can’t see it, can you? | 你还没看到 对吧 |
[39:54] | What can’t I see? | 我没看到什么 |
[40:24] | Oh. | 天呐 |
[40:36] | You have to promise me that you will never tell anyone | 你要向我保证你永远不会告诉任何人 |
[40:39] | what you’ve seen here today. | 你今天在这儿看到的一切 |
[40:42] | I do, I… I promise. | 好的 我 我保证 |
[40:44] | Because if people find out, | 要是这里被别人发现了 |
[40:46] | when the S-H-T-F, they will tear this place apart. | 一旦世界末日 他们会把这里洗劫一空的 |
[40:52] | Not that I want to be cruel or anything, | 倒不是说我心太狠太残忍 |
[40:55] | but they’ve had plenty of warning. | 他门自己不懂得未雨绸缪 |
[40:59] | This is the power supply over here. | 这里的电源在这儿 |
[41:02] | I got these special mufflers | 这里装了特制的消音器 |
[41:05] | I designed myself. | 是我自己设计的 |
[41:07] | The exhaust is channeled around to the | 排气管一路牵到了 |
[41:09] | other side of the house to a hidden chute. | 屋子那头一个隐蔽的溜槽里 |
[41:17] | Well, you really are ready for anything. | 你还真是准备充分 应有尽有啊 |
[41:21] | The way I see it, | 在我看来 |
[41:23] | you never know when things are gonna go south. | 谁都说不准灾难何时会突然降临 |
[41:27] | The world, the flesh and the devil conspire, | 世事无常 人心难测 群魔乱舞 |
[41:31] | and things fall apart. | 然后就会天下大乱 |
[41:33] | This is my security blanket… | 这里就是我的安全毯 |
[41:37] | my safety net… | 是我的安全网 |
[41:41] | my 401k. | 是我的养老保障 |
[41:44] | You remember when you asked me | 记不记得你曾问过我 |
[41:47] | if there was anything that I wanted to know that I didn’t know? | 有没有什么我还不知道 却又想知道的事 |
[41:51] | Yeah. | 我记得 |
[41:53] | How… how did you do this? | 你是 你是怎么做到这一切的 |
[41:59] | What… what do you mean? | 你是 是什么意思 |
[42:04] | It’s perfect. | 这太完美了 |
[42:39] | Wrong. | 现在的年轻人呐 |
[42:55] | Ooh. | 糟了 |
[43:01] | Don’t… No, I can’t. | 不要 别 我不行啊 |
[43:59] | – Here, let me help you with that. – Oh, no, I can handle it. | -我来帮你 -不用 我自己来吧 |
[44:01] | Come on, let me be the gentleman. | 给我个当绅士的机会吧 |
[44:03] | You are the perfect gentleman. | 你就是绅士的完美化身 |
[44:06] | Why… | 你为什么 |
[44:08] | Why don’t you let me… | 为什么不让我 |
[44:09] | Please? | 求你了 |
[44:24] | The perfect gentleman. | 完美的绅士 |
[44:32] | Perfect. | 完美 |
[45:18] | I keep this place to work on basic skill sets. | 这是我练习基本生存技能的地方 |
[45:22] | You got nothing to be afraid of. | 你完全不必害怕 |
[45:24] | I said I’m not afraid. | 我跟你说过我不害怕的 |
[45:26] | Okay. | 好的 |
[45:28] | And let your eye go right down the barrel | 眼睛顺着枪管一直往前看 |
[45:31] | to sight what you want to hit. | 盯着射击目标看 |
[45:32] | Couldn’t you thought of something more sinister? | 用这个当靶子也太残忍了吧 |
[45:34] | – Oh, it’s a bear. – It’s a teddy bear. | -那是只熊 -是可爱的泰迪熊 |
[45:37] | You’re… | 你是 |
[45:41] | Whoa! I did it! I did. | 哇哦 我打中了 我打中了 |
[46:04] | What are you laughing about? | 你在笑什么 |
[46:08] | This. | 这一切 |
[46:10] | Us. Here. | 我们俩 还有这片土地 |
[46:12] | It’s so peaceful. | 多么宁静啊 |
[46:17] | It’s nice. | 很美好 |
[46:19] | I laugh because soon, it’s all gonna be over. | 我在笑这一切很快都会结束 |
[46:24] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[46:27] | I mean moments like this. | 我是说像这样美好的时刻 |
[46:31] | They’re going to be few and far between. | 会越来越少 越来越难得 |
[46:34] | Most of the time we’ll be scrambling to survive. | 以后我们就要忙着为了活命而挣扎了 |
[46:39] | Ed, I don’t understand. What… Survive what? | 埃德 我没听懂 为了活命是什么意思 |
[46:44] | Oh, you have to know what I’m talking about. | 你肯定明白我在说什么 |
[46:48] | Deep down, you can feel it even if you don’t admit it to yourself. | 你内心其实也有同样感受 只是不愿承认 |
[46:54] | It might start with a news bulletin. | 也许最开始的时候只是一条突发新闻播报 |
[46:57] | You’re watching a commercial or something, | 你正在看广告看剧什么的 |
[47:02] | and suddenly, this guy comes on. | 电视里突然冒出来个家伙 |
[47:04] | One of those plastic talking robots | 一个会说话的塑料机器人 |
[47:07] | telling us the stock market is gonna crash. | 告诉我们股市就要崩盘了 |
[47:12] | Then the president comes on. | 接着总统出现在屏幕里 |
[47:14] | And the people are all waiting for him to speak. | 大家都等着听他讲话 |
[47:18] | And when he does, he says there’s a national emergency | 他一开口就宣布全国进入紧急状态 |
[47:22] | and he has to declare martial law. | 必须实行军事管制 |
[47:25] | So, you can’t believe it. | 你不敢相信这是真的 |
[47:28] | So, you go to the local store and | 于是你赶去附近的商店 |
[47:30] | you see everyone in the street with a strange look in their eyes | 一路看到每个人的眼神都充满惊诧 |
[47:35] | because they can’t believe it too. | 因为他们也不敢相信这一切 |
[47:38] | So, you get to the store and it’s filled with people | 等你到了商店 发现里面挤满了人 |
[47:42] | buying everything they can get their hands on. | 正在把店里的商品拼命抢购一空 |
[47:45] | And up in the sky, helicopters start going whoop, whoop, overhead | 天空中有直升机在头顶上轰鸣 |
[47:51] | and you know… you know. | 这下你终于明白了 彻底明白了 |
[47:57] | The first day, you watch TV trying to find out what’s going on, | 第一天你还能从电视里看到相关报道 |
[48:01] | but by the third day, it’s nothing but static. | 到了第三天 所有电视频道全是雪花点 |
[48:06] | And the net’s down, too, just like your cell phone. | 手机没信号了 紧接着网络也断了 |
[48:10] | Around about this time, you hear the first gunshot. | 大约在这个时候 你听到了第一声枪响 |
[48:15] | And at first, it sounds strange and novel. | 第一声枪响还令人觉得诧异又新奇 |
[48:20] | But then, it’s everywhere. It starts getting closer. | 很快枪声就无处不在 也越来越近了 |
[48:24] | And then, you see a body in the street. | 然后 你在街上看到了一具尸体 |
[48:27] | Nobody has come to move it. | 没有人来搬它 |
[48:29] | And then, another and another. | 然后一具又一具的尸体 |
[48:33] | So you decide to leave, only you’re not alone. | 你决定逃离此地 可大家都想赶紧撤离 |
[48:37] | The streets are choked with cars. | 街上挤满了车辆 动弹不得 |
[48:40] | And then, the military comes. | 紧接着 军队来了 |
[48:42] | Only it’s not our military, it’s some other country’s, | 但不是我们的军队 是其他国家的 |
[48:45] | and you can’t believe it. | 你简直不敢相信自己的眼睛 |
[48:49] | But you know it’s true. | 可你知道这都是真的 |
[48:52] | You know. | 你知道的 |
[48:55] | You know. | 你明白 |
[49:01] | It’s all over. | 一切都结束了 |
[49:09] | You really think that’s gonna happen? | 你真的认为会发生那一切吗 |
[49:18] | Maybe. I don’t know. | 也许吧 我不知道 |
[49:24] | You’re a really special lady, Ronnie Meisner. | 你真是个特别的女人 罗妮·迈斯勒 |
[49:35] | Ed? | 埃德 |
[50:27] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[50:31] | Aces. | 我好得很 |
[52:22] | Dad. Welcome. Hey. | 老爸 欢迎啊 |
[52:26] | This is, uh… | 这位是 |
[52:28] | my girlfriend, Ronnie. | 我女朋友 罗妮 |
[52:31] | And a Happy Thanksgiving. | 感恩节快乐 |
[52:32] | Thank you so much. Uh, Ronnie, I’m Brian. | 谢谢你 罗妮 我是布莱恩 |
[52:35] | It’s great to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[52:36] | – Ed. – Janet. | -埃德 -珍内特 |
[52:37] | Hi. | 你好 |
[52:39] | I’m so glad you could make it. | 你能来我真的很高兴 |
[52:40] | Oh, honey, this is Ronnie, Dad’s girlfriend. | 亲爱的 这是罗妮 老爸的女朋友 |
[52:46] | Look at you. Adorable. | 哎呀 你真的好迷人 |
[52:49] | – There’s my girl. – Hi, Grandpa. | -我的乖孙女儿 -爷爷你好 |
[52:56] | So, how’s things going? | 你们一切都好吗 |
[52:57] | Come in. Come in. | 快进来吧 |
[52:59] | I wouldn’t want to be part of that. | 我可不想掺和进去 |
[53:00] | Yeah, you don’t want that. | 是啊 你肯定不想 |
[53:02] | Jeanine. | 珍妮 |
[53:07] | – I’m Jeanine. – Nice to meet you. Ronnie. | -我叫珍妮 -很高兴认识你 我叫罗妮 |
[53:18] | How long has it been with you two? | 你们俩在一起多久了 |
[53:23] | Oh, not long. | 哦 没多久 |
[53:25] | So, but… | 不过 |
[53:27] | But it’s good? | 不过感觉很好对吧 |
[53:29] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[53:30] | You two, you both seem so young, | 你们两个看起来都很年轻 |
[53:34] | so vital. | 都那么有活力 |
[53:41] | You know you can turn it up if you want. | 如果你想把声音调大一点 没问题啊 |
[53:44] | Oh, no. It’s really not a problem. | 没事 无所谓的 |
[53:45] | I just like to look at the score. | 我只想看看比分 |
[53:47] | Oh. You can turn it up. | 你可以把声音调大一点 |
[53:49] | It’s really better with the sound down. | 声音小一点反而更好 |
[53:55] | I know what you’re thinking. | 我知道你在想什么 |
[53:57] | I’m not thinking anything. | 我什么也没想啊 |
[53:59] | I thought that’s what this was all about: not thinking. | 我认为这就是问题所在 不要瞎想 |
[54:03] | You ever talk about traveling together? | 你提过一起旅游吗 |
[54:06] | Now’s the time. | 现在是时候了 |
[54:08] | Brian and I, we’ve been plotting our trip to Spain. | 布莱恩和我在一直在策划西班牙之行 |
[54:11] | Oh. Spain sounds nice. | 西班牙听起来不错 |
[54:15] | It’s hard, you know. | 这很难得的 |
[54:16] | Make the time to travel. | 腾出时间旅行 |
[54:19] | To… get on track. | 为了 走上正轨 |
[54:24] | How are you and Ed with that? Are you… | 你和埃德怎么样 有没有 |
[54:28] | You guys on track? | 走上正轨了吗 |
[54:34] | Yeah, great. We’re on track. | 当然 我们就在正轨上 |
[54:38] | Don’t be so sensitive. | 别这么敏感 |
[54:40] | I get it. The angry old man thing. | 我懂 发火老爷爷 |
[54:42] | I’m not angry. I care. | 我没有发火 我关心而已 |
[54:44] | I care, too. About my family. | 我也是 我关心家人 |
[54:46] | Oh, you got a funny way of showing | 表现方式很有趣啊 |
[54:48] | it, keeping your head in the sand. | 把头埋在沙子里 |
[54:52] | Okay. | 好的 |
[54:54] | I’ll bite. | 我会咬人的 |
[54:56] | Show me. | 给我看 |
[54:58] | – Brian, you… – No, really. | – 布莱恩你 – 不 真的 |
[55:00] | Show me something worth seeing. | 给我看些能看的东西 |
[55:05] | All right. | 好的 |
[55:11] | And so it begins. | 开始了 |
[55:13] | Where are they going? | 他们要去哪 |
[55:16] | More wine? | 再来点酒 |
[55:19] | No, thanks. | 不了 谢谢 |
[55:21] | – Did you even read it? – Of course I read it. | – 你读过它吗 – 当然 |
[55:22] | You stood here pacing back and forth while I read the thing. | 我读的时候你在这儿来回走 |
[55:25] | What’s in your bug-out bag? | 虫子包里是什么 |
[55:27] | What is a bug-out bag? | 什么虫子包 |
[55:29] | The bag that’s waiting for you when the S-H-T-F. | 当世界末日来的时候等你的包 |
[55:32] | The what? | 什么 |
[55:33] | When the shit hits the fan! | 当世界末日的时候 |
[55:40] | Why do you always act like this? | 你怎么老是这样 |
[55:43] | Like what? | 怎样 |
[55:44] | Like you’re in on some secret that nobody else knows about. | 好像知道一些别人不知道的秘密 |
[55:47] | I’m not the only one. There are lots | 我又不是唯一一个 很多人都知道 |
[55:49] | of people that know what’s going on. | 发生了什么 |
[55:50] | That’s right, you’re all sitting around | 真对哦 你们都穿着内衣 |
[55:52] | in your underwear with your computers… | 坐在电脑前 |
[55:54] | I do not sit around in my underwear! | 我没穿内衣坐在那 |
[55:56] | Okay, whatever the fuck you’re wearing, | 管你穿的什么鬼玩意 |
[55:57] | you’re all telling me that the government is doing this, | 你们都告诉我政府在做这 |
[56:00] | and corporations are doing the other thing. | 那些大公司在做那 |
[56:02] | But you know what I see are just people trying to survive. | 但我看见的只是人们不过是 为了生存 |
[56:06] | Exactly, survive! | 没错 生存 |
[56:10] | Look, all I’m saying is… | 听着 我只想说 |
[56:12] | Wait… Let me show you. | 慢着 让我展示给你 |
[56:14] | Why don’t you just admit it? You’re scared. | 你为什么不承认 你害怕了 |
[56:16] | You’re scared to face the fact that you’re | 你害怕面对自己没法解决的事 |
[56:19] | never gonna figure it all out, and so what? | 可那又怎样 |
[56:21] | That’s just the world, that’s what it is. | 这就是世界该有的样子 |
[56:23] | – Dinner. – It’s fucked up! | -吃饭喽 -一团糟 |
[56:25] | It is crazy. It’s stupid. but it’s just the world. | 很疯狂 愚蠢 但这就算世界 |
[56:29] | Dinner. | 吃晚餐了 |
[56:30] | And you know what? | 你知道吗 |
[56:32] | We are all gonna die one day. | 我们总有一天会死的 |
[56:35] | Even you. | 包括你 |
[56:39] | Dinner! | 吃饭 |
[56:42] | Go to the far outside. | 到外面来 |
[56:44] | And slice it… Shape, slice… | 把它切成片 |
[56:46] | Go work my way there. Yes, you work your way. | 去我那边搭把手 好的 按你的来 |
[56:48] | Please help yourselves. Don’t let it get cold. | 放开吃 凉了就不好吃了 |
[56:51] | You’ll have that? Yes. | 你要这一块吗 谢谢 |
[56:52] | Thanks, Brian. | 谢谢 布莱恩 |
[56:55] | – This looks very, very… – And sweet potatoes? | – 看起来很像 – 甜土豆吗 |
[56:57] | Oh, we’re not doing sweet potatoes this year. | 我们今年不做甜土豆了 |
[57:00] | No sweet potatoes? – Mm-mmm. | 不做了 – 嗯呢 |
[57:02] | It must really be the end of the world. | 一定是世界末日了 |
[57:03] | You should try this. | 尝尝这个 |
[57:05] | It’s basmati rice. It’s from India. | 印度的巴斯马蒂香米 |
[57:06] | I know what basmati rice is, Mom. | 我知道这个妈妈 |
[57:08] | Next, you’re gonna tell me to finish it all | 下一次你会让我全都吃干净 |
[57:10] | because of starving children in India or something. | 因为印度小孩快饿死了之类的 |
[57:10] | because of starving children in India or something. | 所以才让我吃这个米 |
[57:12] | Which reminds me, why exactly are we eating their rice? | 这提醒了我 我们为什么要吃他们的米 |
[57:15] | It’s not theirs, it’s yours now. | 不是他们的 现在是你的了 |
[57:18] | So, yes, you should finish it. | 所以 没错 你要吃光光 |
[57:21] | It’s exotic. It’s a little festive this year, dinner. | 真有情调 晚餐有点喜庆 |
[57:24] | It’s innovative, right? | 很有创意 对吧 |
[57:29] | I don’t know if I’m starving, or if it’s actually good… | 我不知道如果我饿死了 如果这是好事 |
[57:33] | You know, I was just talking to Ronnie here | 你知道 我只是在和罗妮说话 |
[57:35] | about her and Ed maybe taking a little trip. | 关于她和埃德应该去旅行一下 |
[57:39] | Maybe going someplace exotic? | 或许去一些有异国风情的地方 |
[57:42] | I’m sure if they want to take a trip, they’ll take a trip. | 如果他们想去旅行 他们会去的 |
[57:47] | I’d like to see China. | 我想去看看中国 |
[57:49] | China? You know what they’re doing over there? | 中国 你知道他们在做什么吗 |
[57:53] | I like the food. | 我喜欢他们的食物 |
[57:55] | There’s more to the world than Chinese restaurants. | 世界上有比中国餐馆更重要的东西 |
[57:57] | Here we go. | 又来了 |
[57:58] | Like what, Grandpa? | 比如什么 爷爷 |
[58:00] | Well, the thing about China… | 关于中国 |
[58:02] | I think your grandpa would like to have his dinner in peace. | 我觉得你爷爷想安静地吃晚饭 |
[58:04] | No, no. I… I know what you’re doing, young lady. | 不不 我知道你在做什么女士 |
[58:07] | I’m not doing anything. | 我什么也没做 |
[58:09] | Oh, that’s right. You’re so clever. | 没错 你很聪明 |
[58:10] | You’re smarter than all of us. | 你比我们都聪明 |
[58:11] | – Oh, my fucking God. – Jeanine! | -真他妈绝了 -珍妮 |
[58:14] | Like I’m saying anything you haven’t said a million times. | 我不过是说了你们说了几百万次的话 |
[58:17] | I can assure you, I do not use… | 我确信 我没用过 |
[58:19] | Why do you always have to pretend to be something you’re not? | 你为什么总要伪装成 |
[58:20] | to be something you’re not? | 虚假的你呢 |
[58:22] | It’s like I’m living in The Twilight Zone. | 就像我活在阴阳魔界 |
[58:25] | Oh, please. You don’t even know what The Twilight Zone is. | 拜托 你甚至不知道那是什么 |
[58:28] | It’s a stupid TV show in black-and-white, | 蠢货黑白电视剧 |
[58:29] | so, yes, I know what The Twilight Zone is, Brian. | 所以我知道那是什么 布莱恩 |
[58:33] | All right, that’s enough. | 好了 够了 |
[58:34] | What? | 什么 |
[58:36] | Are you gonna send me to my room, Brian? | 要送我去房间吗 布莱恩 |
[58:38] | – As a matter of fact, yeah. – Hey. | -我看是的 -好了 |
[58:39] | Hey. What kind of daughter calls her father by his first name? | 什么样的女儿会直呼爸爸的名字 |
[58:43] | One who has no respect. That kind. | 不尊重爸爸的那种 |
[58:46] | For what? | 为什么 |
[58:49] | For what? How about the roof over your head. | 为什么吗 你头顶的屋顶怎么样 |
[58:52] | Or how about the orthodontist? Or how about the phone? | 正畸医生怎么样 或者电话呢 |
[58:54] | Or how about all the schoolbooks that I | 还是那些我给你买教科书 |
[58:56] | buy you you never even have time to read? | 但你从来都不花时间看 |
[58:58] | Why should I? The world’s gonna end any day now anyway. | 何必要看 不管怎样世界总会结束的 |
[59:01] | That is just great. You see, you have her talking this crap now! | 真是太好了 瞧瞧你让她说的这些废话 |
[59:04] | – You see what you’ve done? – Jeanine’s got a mind of her own. | -看你干了什么 -她有自己的想法 |
[59:07] | Yeah, I just decide to use it. | 是啊 我正打算用呢 |
[59:10] | To stockpile nonsense? | 用来胡说八道吗 |
[59:11] | You know what? How about we all calm down | 不如我们冷静一下好吗 |
[59:13] | and maybe we talk about something that we can all agree on. | 或许可以讨论一些我们能聊的事情 |
[59:16] | Me and Brian agree on something. | 我和布莱恩都同意一件事 |
[59:19] | We both think our fathers are assholes! | 我们都认为我们的爸爸是混账 |
[59:21] | All right, that’s it. Zero ‘tronics for you. | 够了 就这样 你被断网了 |
[59:24] | That means one month, no TV, no phone. | 一个月内没有电视 没有手机 |
[59:27] | – No phone? – Yeah. | -没有手机 -是啊 |
[59:29] | Ask your grandpa about that. | 去问你爷爷 |
[59:30] | How’re y’all gonna deal with that when the Internet goes down, | 当网络瘫痪的时候你们怎么办 |
[59:33] | the electrical grid collapses, | 电网崩溃 |
[59:35] | and then, you have to communicate with what? | 然后你还要跟谁沟通吗 |
[59:37] | You guys are gonna have to use smoke signals… | 要用烟雾弹做为信号吗 |
[59:39] | Mom! Maybe if you had a little bit more self control. | 妈妈 或许你该有点自控力了 |
[59:41] | I hope the world does end and takes you with it! | 我希望你跟世界一起消失 |
[59:44] | Come back here, young lady! Come back here! | 回来 快回来 |
[59:52] | Hey! More wine? | 嘿 再来一杯 |
[59:54] | Yeah, please. Okay. | 当然 谢谢 好的 |
[59:57] | Not again. | 又这样 |
[1:00:03] | Where is she going? | 她要去哪 |
[1:00:05] | Nowhere. | 哪也去不了 |
[1:00:10] | You think I’m an asshole? | 你认为我是个混账 |
[1:01:09] | Good night, Ronnie. | 晚安 罗妮 |
[1:01:25] | Don’t you want to come in? | 进来坐会吗 |
[1:02:03] | Oh, hell. | 见鬼 |
[1:02:14] | Jesus. | 天哪 |
[1:02:38] | Would you like a drink? | 喝一杯 |
[1:02:40] | I thought you were a fellow traveler. | 我以为你是个旅伴呢 |
[1:02:42] | I am a fellow traveler! | 我是旅伴 |
[1:02:44] | No! I mean a prepper. | 不 我意思是有准备者 |
[1:02:47] | The way you shopped, the stuff you bought. | 你购物的方式 买的东西 |
[1:02:50] | You used cash! | 你用的现金 |
[1:02:52] | Not that I go in for that level of paranoia personally, | 不是说我个人有这种妄想 |
[1:02:55] | but, hey, you can see how I could have come to that conclusion. | 可是 你可以看见我是怎么得出结论的 |
[1:02:58] | Cash is easier. You don’t have to remember numbers. | 现金更容易 你不用记数字 |
[1:03:02] | You might try checks. | 你可以试试支票 |
[1:03:04] | Everybody doesn’t take checks. | 没人收支票 |
[1:03:07] | Everybody takes cash. | 人人都用现金 |
[1:03:32] | When my daughter died, it started up in her room, | 当我女儿死后 就在它房间里启动了 |
[1:03:35] | and it just… came down here. | 它只是下来了 |
[1:03:40] | But… | 可是 |
[1:03:41] | I don’t understand how you could… | 我不明白你是怎么 |
[1:03:43] | Please. | 别 |
[1:06:14] | Oh, don’t worry about it! | 不用管它 |
[1:06:27] | Do you want your toast buttered or you wanna do it yourself? | 你是想把吐司涂上黄油还是想自己来 |
[1:06:32] | Oh, no, you can butter it. | 你自己可以涂的 |
[1:06:58] | Oh, just leave it. | 别碰它 |
[1:07:00] | I don’t want you to hurt yourself. | 我不想你伤了自己 |
[1:07:10] | Ed? | 埃德 |
[1:07:20] | Mrs. Meisner? How is he? | 迈斯勒太太 他怎么样 |
[1:07:23] | – Your husband’s… – No, he’s my boyfriend. | -你丈夫他 -不 他是我男朋友 |
[1:07:25] | Your boyfriend has had what we call a TIA. | 你男朋友得了我们所说的TIA |
[1:07:29] | It’s like a mini stroke, but temporary. | 就像小中风 但这是暂时的 |
[1:07:32] | It seems he’s been rationing his medications, | 他好像一直有开药 |
[1:07:34] | missing the target on his recommended dosages. | 可服药量远远没达到所需剂量 |
[1:07:37] | He’s gonna be a bit wobbly for a | 他会有一阵的颤动 |
[1:07:39] | time, but he seems like a tough man. | 但他看起来挺坚强 |
[1:07:41] | Can I see him now? | 我现在能见他吗 |
[1:07:43] | Certainly, but take it easy on him. | 可以 但别让他太激动 |
[1:08:12] | You poor dear. | 小可怜 |
[1:08:15] | No. No, no, no, no. Don’t. Don’t try to speak. Shh. | 不 不 别试着说话 |
[1:08:19] | I’m not a poor dear. | 我不是小可怜 |
[1:08:21] | No. No. | 不是 不是 |
[1:08:23] | You’re strong. | 你很坚强 |
[1:08:28] | The doctor told me you weren’t taking your medication. | 医生说你没吃药 |
[1:08:34] | Yeah, it’s the money, isn’t it? | 是啊 是钱的原因 不是吗 |
[1:08:36] | I know how expensive it gets. I know. | 我知道它有多贵 我知道 |
[1:08:42] | But you? It make no sense. | 但是你呢 根本讲不通 |
[1:08:49] | You spend all your money on that… on that stuff. | 你把所有的钱都花在了别处 在那些东西上 |
[1:08:54] | For something that may not even happen. | 给那些甚至都还没发生的事情上 |
[1:08:58] | No, you? You only think about tomorrow | 不 你 你只考虑明天 |
[1:09:01] | but I’m here. I’m here right now. | 但是我是活生生的 我此刻就在这里 |
[1:09:07] | All I think about is you. | 我想的只有你 |
[1:09:17] | I came as fast as I could… | 我以我最快的速度来了 |
[1:09:30] | Dad… | 爸爸 |
[1:11:39] | You know, | 你知道吗 |
[1:11:40] | you’re the smartest man I know. | 你是我认识的最聪明的人 |
[1:11:44] | No, I’m not. I’m an asshole. | 不 我不是 我是个混蛋 |
[1:11:51] | But I’m getting better. | 但是我在变好 |
[1:12:04] | 后院售卖 珍宝街107号 | |
[1:12:21] | The truck runs good. | 卡车车况还好吗 |
[1:12:24] | Well, it’s a Ford. | 那一定 那是福特 |
[1:12:30] | Thanks for picking it up. | 谢谢你来开走它 |
[1:12:36] | Ronnie seems like a really great lady. | 罗妮看上去是一位非常好的女士 |
[1:12:41] | Yeah. Pretty great. | 是的 特别好 |
[1:12:49] | Well… You got a minute? | 好 你有一会儿的时间 |
[1:13:04] | Follow me. | 跟上我 |
[1:13:22] | What do you see? | 你看到了什么 |
[1:13:25] | Nothing. | 什么都没有 |
[1:13:28] | Exactly. | 当然 |
[1:13:48] | See it now? | 现在在看呢 |
[1:14:07] | So, this is where all your money goes. | 所以 这就是你所有钱的去向 |
[1:14:13] | So? | 所以 |
[1:14:18] | What do you think? | 你怎么想 |
[1:14:22] | Honestly… | 老实说 |
[1:14:25] | I’m not sure. | 我也不确定 |
[1:14:27] | Well, you can tell me. | 你可以告诉我 |
[1:14:31] | Crazy, right? | 很疯狂 是吗 |
[1:14:32] | Look, Dad, I don’t… | 听着 爸爸 我不 |
[1:14:34] | Well, sometimes, crazy times call for crazy people. | 有时候 疯狂的时代才有疯狂的人 |
[1:14:41] | You know, Dad… I don’t think you’re crazy. | 知道吗 爸爸 我不觉得你疯狂 |
[1:14:46] | Okay, maybe a little. | 好吧 也许有一点 |
[1:14:50] | But I think you have to do what makes you happy. | 但是我觉得你必须做能让你开心的事 |
[1:14:54] | I meant… I think, that’s all any of us can do. | 我的意思是 我想我们每个人都能这样做 |
[1:15:00] | I mean, if this is what makes you happy, | 我的意思是 如果这一切能让你快乐 |
[1:15:03] | and you’re not hurting anyone, I | 并且你不会再痛苦 |
[1:15:05] | say, hey, what the hell, go for it. | 我会说 管他的 去做吧 |
[1:15:10] | And that’s what you think? | 这就是你的想法吗 |
[1:15:13] | That’s what I think. | 这就是我的想法 |
[1:15:26] | Hey, Dad? | 爸爸 |
[1:15:30] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[1:15:32] | Holy shit. | 天啊 |
[1:15:41] | I am happy. | 我很开心 |
[1:17:04] | You’re my BFF. | 你是我的BFF |
[1:17:16] | ♪ Muskrat, muskrat Candle light ♪ | ♪ 麝鼠呀 麝鼠呀 亮烛光 ♪ |
[1:17:23] | ♪ Doin’ the town And doin’ it right ♪ | ♪ 在镇子上打工可要好好干 ♪ |
[1:17:29] | ♪ In the evenin’ ♪ | ♪ 在晚上呀 ♪ |
[1:17:33] | ♪ It’s pretty pleasin’ ♪ | ♪ 开心极了 ♪ |
[1:17:39] | ♪ Muskrat Suzie, Muskrat Sam ♪ | ♪ 苏怡鼠, 山姆鼠 ♪ |
[1:17:43] | ♪ Do the jitterbug In the Muskrat Land ♪ | ♪ 在麝鼠世界里有吉特巴舞吗 ♪ |
[1:17:47] | ♪ And they shimmy ♪ | ♪ 他们亮亮的 ♪ |
[1:17:51] | ♪ Sam is so skinny ♪ | ♪ 山姆瘦瘦的 ♪ |
[1:17:55] | ♪ And they whirl and they twirl And they tango ♪ | ♪ 他们转着 转着 跳着探戈 ♪ |
[1:18:00] | ♪ Singin’ and jinglin’ A jangle ♪ | ♪ 歌唱伴着叮当响 ♪ |
[1:18:04] | ♪ Float like The heavens above ♪ | ♪ 就像在天空飘荡 ♪ |
[1:18:08] | I saw a sign today. | 我今天看到一个标语 |
[1:18:12] | A sign? | 一个标语 |
[1:18:16] | From God? | 来自上帝吗 |
[1:18:19] | Well, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:18:23] | It said, “yard sale.” | 它写着 庭院售卖 |
[1:18:25] | “Yard sale”? | 庭院售卖 |
[1:18:31] | Not to get metaphysical or anything, | 不是形而上学之类的 |
[1:18:33] | but I had an inspiration. | 但是我灵光一现 |
[1:18:38] | And it does feel kind of… divine. | 感觉就像 神迹 |
[1:18:44] | Divine? | 神迹 |
[1:18:46] | Well. | 好吧 |
[1:18:48] | I was thinking… | 我在想 |
[1:18:52] | maybe if we had a yard sale. | 也许我们可以办一个庭院售卖会 |
[1:18:56] | My stuff and yours. | 卖我们的东西 |
[1:19:00] | We could make a weekend of it. | 我们可以周末办 |
[1:19:02] | I did some research. People can make a lot of money. | 我做了一些调查 人们可以赚到很多钱 |
[1:19:06] | But even if we don’t, I have a feeling. | 但是即使我们不做 我有一种感觉 |
[1:19:13] | What happened when you were in the hospital? | 你在医院的时候发生了什么 |
[1:19:19] | What happened? | 发生了什么 |
[1:19:22] | Did you see the light? | 你看到了那束光 |
[1:19:26] | The light? You know. | 那束光 你知道的 |
[1:19:29] | The light. | 那束光 |
[1:19:32] | I don’t… I don’t think so. | 我不 我不这么认为 |
[1:19:35] | I just have a feeling. | 我只是有一种感觉 |
[1:19:40] | I don’t mean to upset you. | 我不是想让你沮丧 |
[1:19:44] | I’m not upset. | 我没有沮丧 |
[1:19:46] | Well, you sound upset. | 但是你听起来很沮丧 |
[1:19:50] | I’m not upset. | 我没有沮丧 |
[1:19:53] | It’s just I… I had a feeling, too. | 只是 我也有一种感觉 |
[1:20:00] | Maybe it’s not divine like you, but… | 可能不像你说的神迹 但是 |
[1:20:07] | I have a feeling, too. | 我也有种感觉 |
[1:20:19] | Oh, not him. | 不是他 |
[1:20:25] | Oh, I love her. | 我喜欢她 |
[1:20:27] | …and then, they were off to Florence. | 接下来,他们去了佛罗伦萨 |
[1:20:29] | She always looks so classy. | 她看起来总是那么优雅 |
[1:20:32] | There were TVs on the train, there were diplomats, | 火车上有电视,有外交官 |
[1:20:34] | there were Americans, there were Parisians, | 有美国人 巴黎人 |
[1:20:37] | there were Syrian refugees. | 有叙利亚难民 |
[1:20:40] | Everyone traveled together | 所有人都在一起 |
[1:20:42] | on the way to Florence. | 在开往佛罗伦萨的列车上 |
[1:20:46] | Why? That’s interesting. | 为什么换台 这很有趣 |
[1:20:48] | I thought you always say we should keep up on current events. | 我以为你总是说我们应该跟上时事 |
[1:20:51] | Current events? You want current events? | 时事 你想要跟上时事 |
[1:20:54] | Well, you’re not gonna find it there. That woman is a liar. | 你会在这里发现 那个女人在说瞎话 |
[1:20:58] | A lying, dishonest, disloyal, opportunistic liar… | 撒谎的 虚伪的 不忠的 机会主义骗子 |
[1:21:04] | Huh. …that one day will realize what she did. | 有一天等她意识到她做了什么 |
[1:21:07] | And then, she’ll regret it, I can promise you that. | 然后她会为此后悔 我向你保证这点 |
[1:21:09] | Why do you say that? You don’t even know her. | 你怎么这样说 你都不认识他 |
[1:21:12] | Oh, I know her, all right. | 我认识她 好吗 |
[1:21:17] | She’s my ex-wife. | 她是我的前妻 |
[1:21:20] | Your wife? | 你的妻子 |
[1:21:22] | My ex-wife. She left a long time ago. | 我的前妻 她离开很久了 |
[1:21:26] | Nineteen years. | 19年 |
[1:21:29] | What, she’s… she’s Brian’s mother? | 什么 她是布莱恩的妈妈 |
[1:21:32] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:21:34] | He’s a genuine son of a bitch. | 他是这坏女人的天才儿子 |
[1:21:36] | Ed. Don’t talk like that. | 埃德 别这么说 |
[1:21:39] | Funny. | 可笑的是 |
[1:21:41] | I still watch her every day. | 我依然能每天看到她 |
[1:21:46] | She’ll always mean something to you. It’s okay. | 对你而言她一定是有一些意义 这很正常 |
[1:21:56] | Sunday. | 礼拜天 |
[1:21:58] | It’s the best day for a yard sale. I looked it up. | 这是办庭院售卖会最好的日子 我查过了 |
[1:22:03] | This Sunday? Yeah. It’s as good as any Sunday. | 这个礼拜天 好的 和所有礼拜天一样好 |
[1:22:08] | But what about… | 但是 |
[1:22:11] | It’s time. | 是时候了 |
[1:22:15] | You know… | 你知道的 |
[1:22:17] | we can start organizing your stuff on Tuesday. | 我们可以周四开始整理你的东西 |
[1:22:22] | If it’s okay with you. | 如果你觉得可以 |
[1:22:27] | What do you do if your boyfriend | 你怎么想如果你的男朋友 |
[1:22:29] | who you really, really care about wants you to do something… | 你真的真的很在乎的人想让你做些 |
[1:22:35] | that you just feel uncomfortable about? | 让你感觉不舒服的事情 |
[1:22:38] | I’d have to say it depends. How bad is it? | 我想这取决于 这件事有多糟 |
[1:22:43] | Well… | 没错 |
[1:22:46] | Well, now I really want to know what it is. | 现在我非常想知道是什么事情 |
[1:22:50] | Forget it. | 忘了吧 |
[1:22:56] | Never let a man make you do something you don’t want to do. | 永远不要为一个男人做你不想做的事 |
[1:24:17] | – Why don’t you answer my calls? – I’m working. | -你为什么不接我的电话 -我在工作 |
[1:24:20] | I know you’re working. I can see you’re working. | 我知道你在工作 我看到了你在工作 |
[1:24:22] | Why don’t you answer my calls? | 为什么不接我的电话 |
[1:24:23] | – Please, not here. – Yes, here. | -求你了 别在这 -不 就在这 |
[1:24:26] | You won’t come to me, I have to come to you. | 你不找我 我就来找你 |
[1:24:28] | You don’t understand. | 你不明白 |
[1:24:29] | Then explain it to me. | 那就解释给我 |
[1:24:30] | No, I can’t explain it to you. | 不 我没法给你解释 |
[1:24:32] | Even if I could, you wouldn’t understand. I don’t understand. | 即使我可以解释 你也不会明白 我不明白 |
[1:24:37] | You said you would do it with me. | 你说你会和我一起做这件事 |
[1:24:39] | I didn’t say I would do it with you. | 我没有说我要和你一起做 |
[1:24:41] | – You did! – Keep you voice down. | -你说了 -声音小点 |
[1:24:45] | Why is it so important to you what I do? | 为什么我怎么做对你来说这么重要 |
[1:24:47] | Because it’s what we talked about. It’s for us. | 因为这是我们说好的 这是为了我们两个 |
[1:24:50] | No, it’s for you. | 不 这是为了你 |
[1:24:51] | I’m fine where I am. I’m good where I am. | 我现在很好 我现在非常好 |
[1:24:54] | No, you’re not. | 不 你不好 |
[1:24:56] | Don’t you presume to tell me about me, Ed Hemsler. | 你别在我面前显得很了解我 埃德·汉姆斯勒 |
[1:25:01] | I am a grown woman, and I don’t have to listen to you. | 我是一个成年女性 我不需要听你的 |
[1:25:05] | I didn’t say you had to listen to me. | 我没说你必须听我的 |
[1:25:06] | – Just get out. – Now, just a minute. | -快出去 -就一会 就一分钟 |
[1:25:08] | – Get out! – Is there a problem? | -出去 -这有什么问题吗 |
[1:25:11] | Well, there’s no problem. Ed was just leaving. | 没有问题 埃德正要离开 |
[1:25:18] | I thought this was for real. | 我以为咱俩是认真的 |
[1:26:04] | She asked how you were doing, so I said, | 她问你最近怎么样 我说 |
[1:26:07] | “You remember when you broke up with Sam?” | 你记得你和山姆分手的时候吗 |
[1:26:09] | Sam? | 山姆 |
[1:26:10] | It was her boyfriend for, like, | 这是她男朋友名字 |
[1:26:12] | two weeks in eighth grade. | 刚升八年级两周 |
[1:26:14] | But anyway, we’re there talking, | 别管他 我们在聊天 |
[1:26:15] | and it was probably the first time | 这可能是我第一次 |
[1:26:16] | that I really opened up about what it | 我真正敞开心扉 |
[1:26:17] | was like when you and Mom were splitting. | 说出你和妈妈离婚的感受 |
[1:26:20] | All the door-slamming. | 每一次关门 |
[1:26:21] | Like, that was your last word, | 都像是最后一次 |
[1:26:23] | but it never was, | 但从来都不是 |
[1:26:25] | and I was just sitting there like a… | 我就只是坐在那里 |
[1:26:27] | And then one day, the doors stopped slamming, and she was gone. | 直到有一天 门真的关上了 然后她走了 |
[1:26:32] | Hey, Dad? | 爸爸 |
[1:26:34] | I’m here. | 我在 |
[1:26:35] | Look, all I’m saying | 听着 我是说 |
[1:26:37] | is that sometimes it can feel like | 有时你感觉 |
[1:26:39] | you’re losing everything, | 你失去了一切 |
[1:26:40] | but really, you’re not losing, you’re gaining. | 但事实上 你没有失去 你是在得到 |
[1:26:45] | Or at least, that’s what you taught me. | 或者至少是 这是你教我的 |
[1:26:51] | I taught you that? | 我教你这些 |
[1:26:54] | Well, not in so many words. | 是的 不用说那么多话 |
[1:26:58] | But yeah. | 但是是的 |
[1:27:03] | So, what else did I teach you? | 那我还教了你其他的什么 |
[1:30:04] | Excuse me? | 打扰一下 |
[1:30:13] | How much is this? | 这个多少钱 |
[1:30:23] | That depends. | 这取决于 |
[1:30:26] | How much is it worth to you? | 对你来说它值多少 |
[1:30:29] | Oh… Not as much as I thought. | 没有我想的那么多 |
[1:30:35] | Well, maybe somebody else might need it more than you. | 也许有的人比你更需要它 |
[1:30:41] | Yeah, maybe. | 是的 也许 |
[1:30:43] | You never know when you might need a pretty jar. | 你永远不知道什么时候需要一个漂亮的罐子 |
[1:30:50] | You’re my BFF. | 你是我的BFF |
[1:30:53] | My granddaughter told me what that means. | 我的孙女告诉了我那是什么意思 |
[1:30:56] | Best friend forever. | 一辈子最好的朋友 |