英文名称:The Royal Tenenbaums
年代:2001
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Subindex build by Linnet http://linnet.126.com http://blog.csdn.net/redbirdli | |
[00:09] | “特伦鲍姆之家” | |
[00:35] | Royal Tenenbaum bought the house on Archer Avenue | 罗伊.特伦鲍姆在他35岁的那年冬天 |
[00:39] | in the winter of his 35th year. | 在射手大道买了房子 |
[00:45] | Over the next decade | 在接下来的十年里 |
[00:47] | he and his wife had three children | 他和妻子有了三个孩子 |
[00:49] | and then they separated. | 可是后来夫妻俩分开了了 |
[00:55] | Are you getting divorced? | 你们要离婚么? |
[00:58] | At the moment, no… but… it doesn’t look good. | 现在还没有! 但是 情况不是很乐观! |
[01:03] | Do you still love us? | 你还爱我们么? |
[01:05] | Of course I do. | 那当然! |
[01:06] | Do you still love Mom? | 那你还爱妈妈吗? |
[01:08] | Yes, very much, but your mother’s asked me to leave | 爱!非常爱! 但你妈妈已经向我下了逐客令! |
[01:10] | and I must respect her position on the matter. | 在这件事上我得尊重她的意见! |
[01:12] | Is it our fault? | 我们做错什么了吗? |
[01:13] | No. | 没有! |
[01:14] | No. | 当然没有 |
[01:15] | Obviously, we made certain sacrifices | 对你们这些孩子来说 |
[01:17] | as a result of having children, but, uh… | 显然是一个伤害 但是 呃… |
[01:20] | no, Lord, no. | 没有 主啊 你们没错 |
[01:21] | Then why’d she ask you to leave? | 那她为什么要你走? |
[01:23] | I don’t really know anymore. | 其实我也不知道 |
[01:29] | Maybe, uh, I wasn’t as true to her as I could’ve been. | 也许 呃 我对她不够好吧 |
[01:32] | Well, she said… | 但她说… |
[01:33] | Let’s just drop it | 不要再提这个了 |
[01:34] | shall we, uh, Chassie? | 可以吗查斯? |
[01:36] | They were never legally divorced. | 法律上来说他们并没有离婚. |
[01:38] | Thank you, Pagoda. | 谢谢 塔叔 |
[01:39] | Etheline Tenenbaum kept the house | 艾瑟琳.特伦鲍姆照看着房子 |
[01:42] | and raised the children | 并且照顾孩子们 |
[01:43] | and their education was her highest priority. | 她最大的骄傲就是对孩子们成功的教育 |
[01:45] | Yes, I’ll hold, please. | 好的 我等下 |
[01:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:49] | I need $187. | 我需要187刀 |
[01:51] | Write yourself a check. | 给自己写张支票 |
[01:59] | Bene. Si. | Bene. Si. |
[02:01] | Grazie mille. | Grazie mille. |
[02:06] | She wrote a book on the subject. | 她还把这些写成了书 |
[02:12] | -Chas, Chas! -Richie! | -查斯, 查斯! -瑞琪! |
[02:13] | Uh, the gentleman in the blue cardigan, please. | 呃 穿蓝开襟夹克的那位绅士 你请讲! |
[02:15] | Thank you. I have a two-part question. | 谢谢 我有两个问题 |
[02:17] | Go ahead. | 说吧 |
[02:21] | Chas Tenenbaum had, since elementary school | 从小学起 为节约时间 |
[02:24] | taken most of his meals in his room | 查斯.特伦鲍姆就在自己的房间里 |
[02:26] | standing up at his desk with a cup of coffee | 解决大多数的就餐 |
[02:28] | to save time. | 就着咖啡站书桌前工作 |
[02:30] | 金融杂志 储蓄盒 | |
[02:34] | In the sixth grade, he went into business | 他六年级时开始涉足商务 |
[02:37] | breeding Dalmatian mice | 饲养达尔马提亚鼠 |
[02:39] | which he sold to a pet shop in Little Tokyo. | 卖给小东京的一家宠物店 |
[02:42] | He started buying real estate in his early teens | 十几岁时开始买入房产 |
[02:45] | and seemed to have an almost preternatural understanding | 而且他看起来对国际金融 |
[02:48] | of international finance. | 有着不可思议的理解力 |
[02:50] | He negotiated the purchase of his father’s summer house | 他成功地协助他父亲在鹰岛 |
[02:55] | on Eagle’s Island. | 买下了一处渡假屋 |
[03:03] | Hold it, Chassie. | 对准 查斯! |
[03:04] | Hold it right there. | 对准那里 |
[03:06] | What are you doing? You’re on my team. | 你要干什么?你和我一队的 |
[03:09] | There are no teams. | 呵呵 分什么队呀 |
[03:16] | The BB was still lodged between two knuckles | 比比弹到现在 |
[03:19] | in Chas’s left hand. | 还嵌在查斯左手的两指关节间 |
[03:22] | Margot Tenenbaum was adopted at age two. | 玛格特.特伦鲍姆是两岁时被收养的 |
[03:25] | Her father had always noted this when introducing her. | 他父亲介绍她时总不忘这点 |
[03:28] | This is my adopted daughter Margot Tenenbaum. | 这是我的养女玛格特.特伦鲍姆. |
[03:31] | She was a playwright, and won a Braverman Grant of $50,000 | 她是个剧作家 |
[03:36] | in the ninth grade. | 九年级时就获得过 贝弗曼.格兰特奖金五万元 |
[03:42] | She and her brother Richie ran away from home one winter | 她和弟弟瑞琪曾在一个冬天离家 |
[03:46] | and camped out | 出外“野营” |
[03:48] | in the African wing of the public archives. | 驻扎在公共博物馆的非洲厅 |
[03:54] | Hi, Eli. | 嗨 伊莱 |
[03:55] | You said I could run away, too. | 你说过我也可以去的 |
[03:57] | No, I didn’t, and don’t tell anyone you saw us. | 我没有 不要告诉任何人你见过我们 |
[04:01] | They shared a sleeping bag | 他们分享一个睡袋 |
[04:03] | and survived on crackers and root beer. | 靠吃脆饼和根啤维生 |
[04:05] | Four years later | 四年以后 |
[04:07] | Margot disappeared alone for two weeks | 玛格特独自失踪了两个星期 |
[04:10] | and came back with half a finger missing. | 回来时少了半根指头 |
[04:18] | Richie Tenenbaum had been a champion tennis player | 瑞查.特伦鲍姆 从三年级开始 |
[04:21] | since the third grade. | 就是冠军级网球选手 |
[04:23] | Do you copy, Anonymous? | 收音机声 |
[04:29] | He turned pro at 17 | 他十七岁时转为职业选手 |
[04:31] | and won the U.S. Nationals three years in a row. | 赢了三年的美国锦标赛 |
[04:34] | He kept a studio in the corner of the ballroom | 在练球房的一角他有一个工作室 |
[04:38] | but had failed to develop as a painter. | 可是他在绘画方面的发展不尽人意 |
[04:41] | Up… up… | 上…上… |
[04:45] | right… | 往右 |
[04:46] | perfect. | 好极了 |
[04:47] | Pagoda? | 塔叔! |
[04:48] | On weekends | 周末的时候 |
[04:49] | Royal took him on outings around the city. | 罗伊总带他去城郊 |
[04:55] | Put it out there. | 拿出来 |
[04:57] | These invitations | 这些邀请 |
[04:58] | were never extended to anyone else. | 从未幸临到其他人身上 |
[05:04] | Richie’s best friend, Eli Cash, lived with his aunt | 瑞琪最好的朋友-伊莱.卡士 和他婶婶住在一起 |
[05:08] | in the building across the street. | 他们就住在街对面 |
[05:11] | He was a regular fixture at family gatherings | 假期、起床到上学、大多数的下午 |
[05:14] | holidays, mornings before school, and most afternoons. | 他都是家里一颗规规矩矩的螺丝钉 |
[05:21] | The three Tenenbaum children performed Margot’s first play | 在玛格特十一岁生日的晚上 |
[05:24] | on the night of her 11th birthday. | 三个特伦鲍姆孩子表演了她的第一出戏 |
[05:28] | They had agreed | 他们都同意邀请父亲 |
[05:29] | to invite their father to the party. | 来参加这出派对 |
[05:33] | What’d you think, Dad? | 爸爸你觉得怎么样? |
[05:35] | Mmm… didn’t seem believable to me. | 恩…对我来说不可信 |
[05:38] | Why are you wearing pajamas? | 你为什么穿睡衣裤? |
[05:39] | Do you live here? | 你住这儿吗? |
[05:40] | He has permission to sleep over. | 我答应他睡这儿了 |
[05:42] | Well, did you at least think | 好了 你至少会认为 |
[05:44] | the characters were well-developed? | 人物性格发展很合理吧? |
[05:46] | What characters? | 什么人物? |
[05:47] | This is a bunch of little kids, uh | 是一群小孩 恩 |
[05:49] | dressed up in animal costumes. | 穿上了动物行头 |
[05:51] | Good night, everyone. | 晚安,各位 |
[05:52] | Well, sweetie… | 好吧 宝贝 |
[05:54] | don’t be mad at me. | 别为我生气 |
[05:55] | That’s just one man’s opinion. | 那只是一个成人的看法 |
[06:00] | / Happy birthday to you / | 生日快乐 |
[06:03] | / Happy birthday to you… / | 生日快乐 |
[06:07] | He had not been invited to any of their parties since. | 从那以后 他再没有被邀请参加任何派对 |
[06:11] | In fact, virtually all memory | 事实上 |
[06:13] | of the brilliance of the young Tenenbaums | 所有关于小特伦鲍姆们的卓越之处的记忆 |
[06:16] | had been erased | 都被抹煞了 |
[06:17] | by two decades of betrayal, failure, and disaster. | 被二十年的叛逆、失败和灾难抹煞了 |
[06:22] | Go, Mordecai. | 走!莫的卡 |
[06:46] | 22年后 | |
[07:56] | I’ve been instructed | 老板有指示 |
[07:57] | to refuse any further charges on your room account | 不能再给你的房费更多的折扣了 |
[08:00] | and to direct you, in writing | 还有 别忘了 |
[08:01] | to please vacate the premises by the end of the month. | 月底前请搬出这里 |
[08:04] | What about Sing-Sang? | 那辛珊呢? |
[08:07] | I owe her $100. | 我欠她100刀 |
[08:10] | Royal had lived in the Lindbergh Palace Hotel | 22年来 |
[08:14] | for 22 years. | 罗伊一直住在林伯皇宫酒店 |
[08:19] | Can you pay her in cash? | 你可以付给她现金吗? |
[08:21] | Uh-uh. | 呃…呃… |
[08:23] | He was a prominent litigator until the mid ’80s | 他是赫赫有名的大律师 |
[08:27] | when he was disbarred and briefly imprisoned. | 直到80年代中期 他被吊销律师执照并短暂的受押后 |
[08:30] | No one in his family had spoken to him in three years. | 那三年里家里没有人同他讲过一句话 |
[08:38] | Read it back to me so far, Pietro. | 把写好的读给我听 皮初 |
[08:48] | New paragraph. | 新起一段 |
[08:49] | Richie had retired | 瑞查26岁那年 |
[08:51] | from professional tennis at 26. | 从职业生涯退役了 |
[08:52] | His last match had been widely discussed in the media. | 他的最后一场比赛被媒体广泛地议论 |
[08:59] | “Your friend Richie.” End of letter. | 结尾”你的朋友瑞琪“ |
[09:02] | For the past year, he had been traveling alone | 过去的一年里 |
[09:05] | on an ocean liner called the Cote d’Ivoire | 他沿海岸线独自旅行 自称科特迪瓦 |
[09:07] | and had seen both poles, five oceans | 见识过两极、五大洋 |
[09:10] | the Amazon and the Nile. | 还有亚马逊河和尼罗河 |
[09:11] | “The crickets and the rust beetles scuttled | “蟋蟀和红甲虫仓皇而逃” |
[09:14] | “among the nettles of the sage thicket. | “穿行于鼠尾草灌木丛” |
[09:17] | “‘Vamanos, amigos, ‘ he whispered | “跑吧 朋友”他轻念道 |
[09:19] | “and threw the busted-leather flint craw | “扔掉褴褛负担” |
[09:21] | “over the loose weave of the saddle cock | “在松编的马鞍上 |
[09:24] | and they rode on in the friscalating dusk light.” | “他们奔驰在弥漫灰雾的夜晚” |
[09:28] | Eli was an assistant professor | 伊莱在布鲁克斯学院工作 |
[09:31] | of English literature at Brooks College. | 是一位英国文学教授的助教 |
[09:33] | The recent publication of his second novel… | 最近他的新书 也就是第二本小说 |
[09:35] | 伊莱.喀什――《老喀斯特》 | |
[09:39] | …had earned him a sudden, unexpected literary celebrity. | 为他在文坛上赢得了一份突然的、未曾料想的名望 |
[09:43] | Well, everyone knows Custer died at Little Bighorn. | 大家都知道 喀斯特死于小比壕 |
[09:47] | What this book presupposes is… maybe he didn’t. | 我对这本书开始的构思是这样的…也许他并没有 |
[09:50] | Let me ask you something. | 让我问你点事 |
[09:52] | Why would a review make the point of saying | 为什么有篇评论说 |
[09:54] | someone’s not a genius? | 有些人并非天才? |
[09:55] | You think I’m especially not a genius? | 你认为我尤其不是吗? |
[09:58] | I know w… | 我知道… |
[10:01] | You didn’t even have to think about it, did you? | 你甚至还没有到想这些的时候 是吗? |
[10:03] | Well, I just don’t use that word lightly. | 我只是不轻易用那个词 |
[10:10] | I have to go, Eli. | 我得走了 伊莱 |
[10:15] | Margot? | 玛格特? |
[10:16] | Uh-huh. | 嗯 |
[10:17] | May I come in, please? | 我可以进来吗? |
[10:33] | How are you, my darling? | 亲爱的 你还好吗? |
[10:35] | Margo was married to the writer and neurologist | 玛格特和一位作家兼神经学专家结了婚 |
[10:38] | Raleigh St. Clair. | 他叫瑞内.圣.克莱尔 |
[10:43] | I’m fine, thank you. | 我很好 谢谢 |
[10:46] | You need to eat something. | 你得吃点东西 |
[10:47] | May I make you dinner? | 我可以给你准备晚餐好么? |
[10:49] | No, thank you. | 不用 谢谢 |
[10:59] | She was known for her extreme secrecy. | 她以极端严守秘密著称 |
[11:02] | For example, none of the Tenenbaums knew | 比如 特伦鲍姆家没有一个人知道 |
[11:05] | she was a smoker, which she had been since the age of 12. | 她从12岁开始就是一个烟民 |
[11:08] | Nor were they aware of her first marriage | 他们也不知道她的第一段婚姻 |
[11:10] | and divorce to a recording artist in Jamaica. | 她曾和牙买加的一个录音师离婚 |
[11:13] | She kept a private studio in Mockingbird Heights | 在摩海 以海伦.思考特的名义 |
[11:17] | under the name “Helen Scott. “ | 她有一个私人的工作室 |
[11:20] | She had not completed a play in seven years. | 这七年里 她还没有完成一部剧 |
[11:23] | 17 October, third examination of Dudley Heinsbergen. | 十月十七 达德利.海茨伯的第三次考试 |
[11:30] | All right, Dudley | 好了 达德利 |
[11:33] | make yours like mine. | 把你的模型摆的和我的一样 |
[11:35] | ( clicks ) | |
[11:37] | NARRATOR: Raleigh’s next book was on the subject | 瑞内的下一本书 |
[11:40] | of a condition he called “Heinsbergen Syndrome. “ | 是关于一种他称为”海茨伯综合症“的现象 |
[11:45] | Where’s that red one | 红的呢? |
[11:47] | going to go? | 你把红的怎么摆? |
[11:51] | Done. | 完成 |
[11:55] | Good. | 好 |
[11:57] | Very good. | 很好 |
[11:59] | ( chuckles ) | |
[12:01] | My goodness. | 上帝 |
[12:03] | How interesting. How bizarre. | 多么有趣 多么奇怪 |
[12:06] | Dudley suffers from a rare disorder | 达德利遭受了一种罕见的失调症 |
[12:09] | combining symptoms of amnesia, dyslexia | 结合了健忘症、难语症 |
[12:11] | and color blindness. | 以及色盲 |
[12:13] | He has a highly acute sense of hearing. | 他的听觉异常敏锐 |
[12:16] | There is also evidence of… | 另外有证据表明… |
[12:17] | I’m not color blind, am l? | 我不是色盲对么? |
[12:19] | I’m afraid you are. | 恐怕你的确是 |
[12:22] | ( watch ticking ) | |
[12:33] | ( alarm blaring ) | |
[12:38] | Ari, fire alarm! Let’s go! | 阿里 火警 我们走! |
[12:41] | Out you go! | 快出去啊! |
[12:43] | Let’s go! | 快! |
[12:48] | Uzi, emergency! Let’s go! | 尤兹 紧急情况 快走! |
[12:54] | Uzi… what did I just say?! | 尤兹… 听到没有! |
[12:57] | Look alive! | 你看看! |
[12:58] | Fire! | 起火了! |
[12:59] | NARRATOR: Chas’s wife Rachael | 查斯的妻子瑞切儿 |
[13:01] | was killed in a plane crash the previous summer. | 上个夏天死于一次飞机失事 |
[13:03] | What about Buckley? | 巴克利怎么办? |
[13:04] | It’s too late. You forgot him. | 太晚了 你把他给忘了 |
[13:06] | Buckley! Buckley! | 巴克利! 巴克利! |
[13:11] | No elevator! There’s a fire. | 不能坐电梯!现在正在着火! |
[13:13] | Go, go! | 快 快! |
[13:14] | Go, go, go, go, go! Go, go, go, go, go! | 快快快快! |
[13:16] | NARRATOR: Chas and their two sons, Ari and Uzi | 查斯和他的两个儿子 阿里和尤滋 |
[13:20] | were also on the flight and survived | 当时也在飞机上 他们幸存下来 |
[13:23] | as did their dog | 他们的狗幸存下来 |
[13:26] | who was discovered in his cage | 被发现时 |
[13:27] | several thousand yards from the crash site. | 它蹲在笼子里从几千码的失事空中跌下 |
[13:39] | ( clicks ) | 4分48秒 |
[13:39] | Four minutes, 48 seconds. | |
[13:40] | We’re all dead, burnt to a crisp. | 我们都死了 烤焦了 |
[13:43] | NARRATOR: Over the last six months | 在过去的半年里 |
[13:44] | he had become increasingly concerned with their safety. | 他对他们的安全感到越来越焦虑 |
[13:47] | We left Buckley. | 我们丢掉了巴克利 |
[13:49] | It doesn’t matter. | 没关系 |
[13:57] | NARRATOR: Etheline became an archaeologist | 艾瑟琳成了一名考古学家 |
[14:00] | and had overseen excavations | 并且监管了 |
[14:02] | for the Department of Housing and the Transit Authority. | 政府房屋和变迁部的挖掘活动 |
[14:04] | Apropos of my question | 顺便问一下 |
[14:06] | regarding l-40 slash l-9 adjustments… | 关于砍挖1-40和修整1-9 |
[14:11] | um… | 呃… |
[14:14] | ( clears throat) | 她一星期教授两堂桥梁课程 |
[14:14] | NARRATOR: She taught a bridge class twice a week | |
[14:16] | with her friend and business manager, Henry Sherman. | 她的朋友 一个经理人–亨利.舒曼 |
[14:19] | ( calculator clicking ) | 为你打理一切――个人理财指导 作者:亨利.舒曼 |
[14:23] | It would probably be advantageous | 以你婚姻的状况来看 |
[14:25] | for your marital status | 如果你结束 |
[14:27] | to be legally established as single | 法律意义上的单身的话 |
[14:30] | in light of the circumstances. | 对你来说更为有利 |
[14:31] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[14:33] | I mean for tax purposes. | 我的意思是说 出与纳税的考虑 |
[14:35] | But I thought… | 但是我以为… |
[14:36] | -Etheline… -Yes? | -艾瑟琳 -怎么? |
[14:37] | Will you marry me? | 你愿意嫁给我么? |
[14:41] | l… | 我… |
[14:42] | I love you, uh… | 我爱你… |
[14:44] | Did you already know that? | 你知道吗? |
[14:46] | No, I didn’t. | 不 我不知道 |
[14:49] | Since her separation from her husband | 自从她和丈夫分居后 |
[14:51] | she had had many suitors… | 她曾有过许多许多的求婚者 |
[14:58] | …but had not considered a single one until this moment. | 但直到现在也还没有考虑哪一个.. |
[15:03] | This isn’t really a tax issue, is it? | 这不是一个跟纳税有关的事情 不是吗? |
[15:06] | That’s true, uh… | 当然 呃… |
[15:09] | I don’t know why I put it that way. | 我也不知道我怎么就用了这种方式 |
[15:15] | Let me think about it, Henry. | 让我考虑一下 亨利 |
[15:21] | Hello. Please tell Mr. Royal this is the Pagoda. | 喂?请告诉罗伊先生 塔叔找他 |
[15:28] | Lobby. | |
[15:28] | ( bell dings ) | 走廊 |
[15:31] | Thank you, Dusty. | 谢谢 达斯特 |
[15:33] | You’re welcome. | 别客气 |
[15:37] | Good morning, Jerry. | 早上好 杰瑞 |
[15:38] | Hmm… | 唔… |
[15:40] | Oh, there’s a call for you, Mr. Tenenbaum. | 哦 有电话找你 特伦鲍姆先生 |
[15:44] | Who is it, Frederick? | 谁?弗得瑞? |
[15:45] | A Mr. Pagoda. | 一位塔叔先生 |
[15:47] | ( phone ringing ) | |
[15:51] | What do you got? | 什么事情? |
[15:53] | The black man asked her to be his wife. | 那个黑家伙要她当妻子 |
[15:57] | No shit? | 糟糕 不行! |
[16:00] | What did Ethel say? | 艾瑟怎么说? |
[16:01] | She think about it. | 她会考虑 |
[16:06] | I don’t like the sound of this one damn bit, Pagoda. | 该死!我可不想听到这种事 塔叔 |
[16:09] | I mean… Lord knows | 我是说 我知道了 |
[16:12] | I’ve had my share of infidelities | 我们虽然分居了 |
[16:16] | but she’s still my wife. | 但她还是我老婆! |
[16:20] | And no damn two-bit, chartered accountant | 不准那个该死的会计师 |
[16:23] | is going to change that. | 来妄图改变这个! |
[16:33] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[16:38] | Hey, Pagoda, give us a hand, huh? | 嘿 塔叔 帮帮忙好吗? |
[16:43] | ( classical music plays ) | |
[16:45] | ( door closes ) | |
[16:46] | ( footsteps ) | |
[16:57] | Chas? | 查斯? |
[17:01] | What’s going on? | 出什么事了? |
[17:02] | We got locked out of our apartment. | 我们被锁在门外了 |
[17:04] | Did you call a locksmith? | 你没有找开锁匠吗? |
[17:06] | Uh-huh. | 呃…呃… |
[17:08] | Well, I don’t understand. | 那么 我不懂 |
[17:10] | Did you pack your bags before you got locked out | 你被锁在门外之前就已经打包好所有行李了吗 |
[17:12] | or how did you…? | 还是? |
[17:13] | It’s not safe over there. | 那里住着不安全 |
[17:16] | Excuse me for a moment. | 我离开一会 |
[17:21] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[17:23] | The apartment. | 那套房子… |
[17:24] | I have to get some new sprinklers | 我得多安一些喷洒装置 |
[17:26] | and a backup security system installed. | 还要安装替补安全系统 |
[17:28] | But there are no sprinklers here, either. | 但是这里也没有喷洒装置 |
[17:31] | Well, we might have to do something about that, too. | 那么 我们也得安点儿了 |
[17:38] | Okay. | 好的 |
[17:41] | Isn’t this fun, huh? | 好玩吗? |
[17:43] | Isn’t this great? | 不是很棒吗? |
[17:44] | Feels like we’re camping. | 就当我们在露营好了 |
[17:46] | When are we going home? | 我们什么时候回家? |
[17:48] | Huh? | 嗯? |
[17:49] | Hey, look at this. | 嘿!看这个 |
[17:51] | Pretty cool, huh? | |
[17:51] | ( chuckles ) | 很酷 哈! |
[17:53] | * Who am I supposed to be? * / Who am I supposed to be? / | |
[17:55] | Who put that in here? | 谁放那里的? |
[17:57] | *…Look at me * /…Look at me / | |
[18:03] | * What am I supposed to be? * / What am I supposed to be? / | |
[18:04] | Okay. | 好了 |
[18:06] | Well, I will see you boys in the morning. | 好了 小伙子们明早见 |
[18:09] | -Good night. -Good night. | -晚安 -晚安 |
[18:10] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[18:11] | * Look at me * / Look at me / | |
[18:13] | You know what? | 你们知道吗? |
[18:15] | I think I’m going to sleep in here with you. | 我打算就在这儿和你们睡在一起 |
[18:17] | That way… | 那样的话 |
[18:18] | ( grunts ) | |
[18:21] | …we can all be together. | 我们可以呆在一起了 |
[18:24] | * Oh, my love * ( sighs ) | |
[18:24] | / Oh, my love / | |
[18:27] | / Oh. / | |
[18:39] | What kind of side effects can be expected? | 可以预测有哪些副作用吗? |
[18:41] | Well, there are a number of possibilities. | 这个…有多种可能性 |
[18:43] | Severe nausea and dizziness are standard. | 一般是感到很恶心 还有头昏眼花 |
[18:45] | A certain percentage of patients may also experience seizure. | 相当一部分病人会出现痉挛 |
[18:48] | You mean, like flopping around on the floor and everything? | 你是说 像在地板上打滚? |
[18:51] | In some cases. | 有时候会这样 |
[18:52] | ( sighs ) | |
[18:55] | ( knocking ) | 亲爱的 有人来找你了 |
[18:55] | You have a visitor, my darling. | |
[18:59] | MARGOT: Who is it? | 谁来了? |
[19:01] | It’s me, sweetie. | 是我 宝贝 |
[19:04] | ( water splashing ) | |
[19:15] | Raleigh says you’ve been spending six hours a day | 瑞内说你每天花六个小时 |
[19:18] | locked in here, watching television | 反锁在里面看电视 |
[19:20] | and soaking in the tub. | 在浴缸里泡炮浴 |
[19:21] | I doubt that. | 是吗?我不信 |
[19:24] | I don’t think that’s very healthy, do you? | 我觉得这样不够健康 你说呢? |
[19:26] | Nor do I think it’s very intelligent | 你把这些电气的小玩意儿 放在浴缸旁 |
[19:28] | to keep an electrical gadget on the edge of the bathtub. | 我觉得也不够理智 |
[19:31] | I tie it to the radiator. | 我把它绑在暖气片上了 |
[19:35] | Well, it can’t be very good for your eyes, anyway. | 无论如何 这对眼睛不好 |
[19:47] | Chas came home. | 查斯回家了 |
[19:50] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[19:53] | He and Ari and Uzi are going to stay | 他打算和阿里还有尤滋 |
[19:55] | with me for a little while. | 要和我一起住一段时间 |
[19:57] | Why are they allowed to do that? | 你怎么同意他们那么做? |
[20:01] | I don’t know exactly | 我也不太清楚 |
[20:03] | but I think he’s been very depressed. | 但是我觉得他一直很抑郁 |
[20:06] | So am l. | 我也是! |
[20:07] | So are you, what? | 你也是?什么? |
[20:10] | But why is this necessary? | 但是有必要这样吗? |
[20:12] | ‘Cause I’m in a rut, and I need a change. | 因为我现在处于惯性期 我需要变化 |
[20:15] | Hang on. | 拿一下 |
[20:17] | ( Vince Guaraldi Trio’s | |
[20:19] | “Christmas Time is Here” playing ) | |
[20:22] | ETHELINE: Taxi! | 的士 |
[20:28] | That cab has a dent in it. | 这出租车有个凹槽 |
[20:34] | You don’t love me anymore, do you? | 你不爱我了是吗? |
[20:36] | I do, kind of. | 某种意义上来说爱 |
[20:38] | I can’t explain it right now. | 我现在无法解释 |
[20:40] | Another dent here, and another dent here. | 又一个凹槽 还有一个 |
[20:43] | ( horn honks ) | |
[20:51] | I’ll call you, okay? | 我再给你打电话 好吗? |
[20:58] | / / | |
[21:14] | Hello. | 喂 |
[21:18] | Hello? | 喂? |
[21:22] | Hello, beautiful. | 美人儿 |
[21:36] | Got a minute? | 能耽误你一分钟好吗? |
[21:38] | What are you doing here? | |
[21:38] | ( gasps ) | 你在这儿干吗? |
[21:40] | Uh, I need a favor. | 我需要你帮忙 |
[21:42] | I want to spend some time with you and the children. | 我想和你还有孩子们 呆段时间 |
[21:44] | Are you crazy? | 你疯了么? |
[21:46] | Well, wait a minute, damn it! | 等下!该死! |
[21:48] | Stop following me. | 不要跟着我 |
[21:49] | Well, I want my family back. | 我想回家! |
[21:50] | Well, you can’t have it. | 不可能 |
[21:52] | I’m sorry for you, but it’s too late. | 非常抱歉 你太晚了 |
[21:55] | Well, listen… | 听着… |
[21:56] | Baby, I’m dying. | 宝贝 我快要死了 |
[22:00] | Yeah, I’m-I’m sick as a dog. | 是的 我恶疾缠身的老家伙 |
[22:03] | I’ll be dead in six weeks. | 只剩六个星期的寿命了 |
[22:06] | I’m dying. | 我快要死了 |
[22:15] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[22:23] | What’s happening? | 发生什么事情了? |
[22:30] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 真对不起 |
[22:34] | I didn’t know. | 我不知道会这样 |
[22:40] | ( sobbing ): Well, what’d they say? | 医生怎么说的? |
[22:43] | What is the prognosis? | 下了什么诊断? |
[22:45] | Take it easy, Ethel. | 别担心 艾瑟 |
[22:47] | Now, hold-hold on, baby, hold on. | 没事的 宝贝 没事的 |
[22:49] | Hold on, okay? | 艾瑟, 挺住 |
[22:52] | ( hysterical sobbing ) | |
[22:55] | Ethel, hold on, hold on. | 艾瑟琳 别哭了 宝贝 |
[22:57] | Where is the doctor? | 医生在哪里? |
[22:58] | Don’t… Well, just… | 别这样 |
[22:59] | W-Wait a second now. | 等一下 |
[23:01] | Wait a second. | 等一下 |
[23:02] | Okay, uh, listen, I’m not dying… | 好吧 听着 我不会死 |
[23:07] | but I need some time. | 但我需要时间 |
[23:08] | A month or so, okay? | 一个月左右 好么? |
[23:11] | I want us… I want us to-to… | 我想让我们 想让我们… |
[23:13] | What’s wrong with you?! | 你有毛病吗? |
[23:15] | Damn! | 该死! |
[23:17] | Ethel. | 艾瑟! |
[23:18] | Are you crazy?! | 你疯了吗? |
[23:19] | Ethel, baby… | 艾瑟 宝贝 |
[23:21] | I am dying. | 我活不长了 |
[23:35] | Are you or aren’t you? | 真的还是假的? |
[23:37] | What? Dying? | 什么?活不长吗? |
[23:41] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[23:46] | Have you told your children? | 你告诉孩子们了吗? |
[23:48] | More or less. | 或多或少他们都知道了 |
[23:49] | And are they all right? | 他们还好吧 |
[23:51] | It’s hard to say. | 这很难说 |
[23:53] | Who’s your father? | 你爸是谁? |
[23:54] | His name is Royal Tenenbaum. | 他的名字是罗伊.特伦鲍姆 |
[23:56] | You told us he was already dead. | 可你告诉我们他早就死了 |
[23:58] | Yeah, well, now he’s really dying. | 是啊 现在他真的快死了 |
[23:59] | -Ready. -Print it. | – 准备好了 – 打印出来! |
[24:01] | I am very sorry, Margo. | 非常抱歉 玛格特 |
[24:02] | That’s okay. | 没事 |
[24:03] | We’re not actually related, anyway. | 毕竟 我们没有血缘关系 |
[24:06] | True. | 的确 |
[24:08] | I’d like to send a response, please. | 我得回个信儿 |
[24:10] | MAN: Yes, sir, go ahead. | 是 先生 说吧 |
[24:13] | Dear Mom: | 亲爱的妈妈 |
[24:14] | I received your message. | 我收到你的信了 |
[24:15] | I’m coming home as soon as possible. | 我会尽快回家的 |
[24:18] | Who do I see about that? | 我会去看谁来着? |
[24:20] | NARRATOR: The ship’s porter arranged for Richie to disembark at Halifax | 为了瑞琪 轮船在加拿大哈里法克斯靠岸 |
[24:24] | and transfer to a third-class state room | 他转到海琳娜皇后号 |
[24:26] | on board the Queen Helena | 住在一间三流舱房 |
[24:27] | destined for the Eastern seaboard. | 前往东岸 |
[24:29] | His trunks would not arrive for another 11 days. | 他的皮箱11天后到达 |
[24:33] | Hey, Baumer. | 嘿 鲍姆 |
[24:35] | Do you mind if we get a picture with you? | 可以和你合照吗? |
[24:37] | Not at all. | 当然 |
[24:40] | NARRATOR: He had made a request for his usual escort | 他要求 |
[24:44] | the one from his days on the circuit | 那个总是陪他的“看护” |
[24:46] | to meet him at the pier by way of the Green Line bus. | 乘绿线公汽来码头接他 |
[24:49] | Hi | Hi. |
[24:53] | NARRATOR: As always, she was late. | 像往常一样 她又迟到了 |
[25:10] | ( upbeat guitar strumming ) | |
[25:28] | * I’ve been out walking * / I’ve been out walking / | |
[25:32] | * I don’t do too much talking these days * / I don’t do too much talking these days / | |
[25:39] | * These days * / These days / | |
[25:44] | * These days I seem to think a lot * / These days I seem to think a lot / | |
[25:47] | * About the things that I forgot to do… * / About the things that I forgot to do… / | |
[25:53] | * And other times, l… * / And other times, l… / | |
[25:57] | Stand up straight. | 站直 |
[25:59] | Let me get a look at you. | 让我好好看看你 |
[26:05] | What’s so funny? | 什么东西这么好笑? |
[26:09] | Well it’s nice to see you, too. | 见到你我也真高兴 |
[26:22] | NARRATOR: That night, Etheline found all of her children | 那个夜晚 艾瑟琳找到了她所有的孩子 |
[26:24] | living together under the same roof | 十七年来 他们第一次 |
[26:26] | for the first time in 17 years. | 住到了一起 生活在同一个屋檐下 |
[26:28] | Where’s your dad? | 你们爸爸呢? |
[26:37] | NARRATOR: The next morning, Richie woke at dawn. | 第二天刚黎明 瑞琪就醒了 |
[26:40] | He had decided birds should not be kept in cages | 他决定不把鸽子关笼里了 |
[26:43] | fed Mordecai three sardines, and set him free. | 喂了莫的卡三条沙丁鱼 把它给放了 |
[27:08] | ( doorbell chimes ) | |
[27:27] | I’ve missed the hell out of you, my darlings. | 亲爱的 你们让我活了下来 |
[27:29] | Well, you know that, though, don’t you? | 你们知道的 不是吗? |
[27:33] | I hear you’re dying. | 我听说你活不长了 |
[27:35] | So they tell me. | 他们是这么告诉我的 |
[27:37] | I’m sorry. | 很遗憾 |
[27:38] | Well, I’ve had a good run. | 我感觉还好 |
[27:41] | You don’t look so sick, Dad. | 爸爸你看起来没有那么糟糕 |
[27:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:45] | What have you got? | 你得了什么病? |
[27:46] | I’ve got a pretty bad case of cancer. | 我得的是一种相当糟糕的癌症 |
[27:48] | ( Chas yawning ): How long you going to last? | 你还能撑多久? |
[27:51] | Not long. | 不久了 |
[27:53] | A month, a year? | 一个月?一年? |
[27:55] | About six weeks. | 大约6星期 |
[27:57] | Let me get to the point. | 让我们切入正题 |
[27:58] | The three of you and your mother are all I’ve got | 我得到了你们三个 |
[28:01] | and I love you more than anything. | 我爱你们超过一切 |
[28:02] | CHAS: Ho-ho! | 呵―呵― |
[28:03] | -Ho-ho. -Chas, let me | -呵―呵― -查斯, 让我―― |
[28:05] | finish here. | ――说完! |
[28:07] | Now, I’ve got six weeks to set things right with you | 现在 我有六周时间 |
[28:11] | and I aim to do it. | 希望能和你们过的愉快 |
[28:12] | Will you give me a chance? | 给我个机会好吗? |
[28:14] | No. | 不 |
[28:15] | You speak | 你说的话 |
[28:16] | for everyone? | 能代表大家吗? |
[28:17] | I speak for myself. | 我为我自己说 |
[28:18] | Well, you’ve made your views known. | 好的 我了解你的想法了 |
[28:20] | Let somebody else do some of the talking now. | 让其他人表态吧 |
[28:23] | What do you propose to do? | 你打算要做些什么呢? |
[28:25] | I can’t say, really. | 说不上来 |
[28:27] | Um, make up for lost time, I suppose. | 呃 我想 弥补我失去的时光 |
[28:30] | First thing I want to do is | 我要做的第一件事情是 |
[28:32] | take you out to see your grandmother, at some point. | 合适的时候 带你们去见你们的奶奶 |
[28:35] | I haven’t been out there since I was six. | 我打六岁起就没去过那儿了 |
[28:37] | I haven’t been out there at all. | 我从来就没有去过那里 |
[28:39] | I was never invited. | 从来没有邀请我去 |
[28:40] | Well, she wasn’t your real grandmother | 她不是你的亲奶奶 |
[28:43] | and I never knew how much interest you had, uh, sweetie. | 我不知道你到底对她有没有兴趣 呃 甜心 |
[28:47] | Anyway, you’re invited now. | 不管怎么说 现在你被邀请了 |
[28:49] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[28:50] | RICHIE: You know, Rachael’s buried | 你知道 |
[28:52] | out there, too. | 瑞切儿也埋在那里 |
[28:53] | Who? | 谁? |
[28:54] | My wife. | 我妻子 |
[28:56] | Oh, that’s right, isn’t it? | 哦 是的 不是吗? |
[28:58] | Well, we’ll have to swing by her grave, too. | 那么 我们也会绕去她的坟上看看的 |
[29:06] | Uh, I’ll be right back. | 呃 我一会回来 |
[29:08] | Chas. | 查斯 |
[29:11] | Chas. | 查斯 |
[29:14] | Can I see my grandsons? | 我能见见我的孙子们吗? |
[29:16] | Why? | 为什么? |
[29:18] | Because I finally want to meet them. | 因为我很想见到他们 |
[29:21] | ( sighing ) | 别唉声叹气的 |
[29:23] | Don’t give me that guff. | 别这样 |
[29:27] | I think we’ll pass. | 我想我们会理解的 |
[29:35] | Pagoda… | 塔叔 |
[29:37] | where’s my Havelina? | 我的海弗琳娜呢? |
[29:42] | I’ll say good-night to you now, children. | 孩子们 我来说晚安的 |
[29:44] | Dad. | 爸爸 |
[29:49] | Thank you, my sweet boy. | 谢谢你 我的宝贝 |
[29:55] | I’ll contact you in the next 12 hours | 12个小时内我会再联系你 |
[29:57] | with further instructions. | 给你具体指示 |
[30:06] | Look at that old | 看看 |
[30:08] | grizzly bear. | 那个老灰熊 |
[30:11] | Hello, Ethel. | 喂 艾瑟 |
[30:13] | Good evening, sir. | 晚上好 先生 |
[30:15] | Hold the cab, will you, driver? | 司机 等一下? |
[30:17] | Royal, this is Henry Sherman. | 罗伊,这位是 亨利.沙曼 |
[30:18] | Hey, lay it on me, man. | 嘿 幸会 伙计. |
[30:20] | How do you do? | 你好吗? |
[30:21] | Not too well. I’m dying. | 不太好 我时日不多了 |
[30:23] | ( upbeat music playing on radio ) | |
[30:25] | How’s Richie? | 瑞琪还好吗? |
[30:26] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[30:28] | I can’t tell. | 我说不上来 |
[30:30] | Yeah, me neither. | 是啊, 我也是 |
[30:31] | He wrote me a letter. | 他给我写过一封信 |
[30:34] | He says he’s in love with you. | 他说他爱上你了 |
[30:37] | What are you talking about? | 你们在说些什么啊 |
[30:40] | That’s what he said. | 那是他说的 |
[30:41] | I don’t know how we’re supposed to take it. | 我也不知道我们怎么说这个 |
[30:44] | Hang on. | 等下 |
[30:45] | ( male vocalist singing on radio ) | |
[30:51] | ( buzzer sounds ) | |
[30:52] | MAN: Hello. | 你好 |
[30:54] | Sugar, it’s Eli. | 糖心 我是伊莱 |
[30:56] | Hey, baby, give me a second. | 嘿 稍等一下. |
[30:57] | What are we doing, Eli? | 伊莱 我们在干吗啊? |
[30:59] | Oh, I just got to pick something up. | 哦 我想带个人 |
[31:03] | Don’t repeat that, by the way. | 顺便说一句 |
[31:05] | About Richie. | 再跟瑞琪提那些事 |
[31:06] | It was told to me in confidence, and, you know… | 你知道 他相信我才告诉我那些的 |
[31:10] | ( lock buzzes ) | |
[31:15] | Good. | 好 |
[31:16] | Now just remove the loose soil | 现在移开这些松土 |
[31:20] | and note the decomposition levels. | 记录分解水平 |
[31:24] | I’m sorry to interrupt your work. | 很抱歉打扰你的工作 |
[31:26] | Don’t be silly. | 别傻了 |
[31:28] | Come on. | 跟我来 |
[31:29] | I just want to apologize for the other day | 我想为那天的事道歉 |
[31:32] | when I proposed to you. | 就是我向你求婚的那天 |
[31:34] | Why? | 为什么? |
[31:35] | I thought it was very sweet. | 我觉得那很贴心啊 |
[31:36] | I know I’m not as accomplished as some of the men | 我知道 |
[31:39] | you’ve been involved with. | 我不如你周围的男人那样完美 |
[31:40] | Uh, Franklin Benedict, General Cartwright, | 呃 象富兰克林.本迪克、杰纳瑞.卡瑞 |
[31:43] | and your ex-husband. | 还有你的前夫 |
[31:45] | Oh, that’s ridiculous. | 哦 那真可笑 |
[31:46] | But, but, I feel… | 但是 但是 我感觉… |
[31:48] | I can offer just as much as them. | 我可以给你的不比他们少 |
[31:50] | I know I went about it backwards, but… | 我知道我在朝相反的方向走 但是…… |
[31:54] | Henry, I have no interest in Franklin Benedict | 亨利 我对富兰克林.本迪克没兴趣 |
[31:57] | or Doug Cartwright– I never did– | 或是当.卡瑞之类的 从没有过兴趣 |
[31:58] | and as far as Royal’s concerned, he’s the most… | 就罗伊而言 他是最…… |
[32:01] | Henry? | 亨利? |
[32:06] | Henry, are you all right? | 亨利,你没事吧? |
[32:07] | Yeah, I’m fine. I’m fine. | 是的 我没事 没事. |
[32:09] | Anyway, let me know when you make up your mind. | 不管你做什么样的决定 都要告诉我 |
[32:13] | Henry, wait a second. | 亨利,等一下 |
[32:16] | I’m sorry, I’m very nervous. | 亨利 等一下 |
[32:20] | Th-That’s okay. | 没 没什么 |
[32:25] | Oh, thank you. | 噢 谢谢 |
[32:27] | Why are you so nervous? | 你为什么那么紧张? |
[32:30] | Well, to tell you the truth | 嗯 说实话 |
[32:33] | I haven’t slept with a man in 18 years. | 我已经有18年没有和男人睡觉了 |
[32:38] | / Dah-dah-dum / | |
[32:44] | / Dah-dah, dah-dah, dah, dah-dum / | |
[32:51] | / Dah-dah, dah-dah-dah / | |
[32:58] | ( giggling ) / Dah-dah, dah-dah, dah… / | |
[33:05] | / La-dah-dah-dah-dah, dah-dah… / | |
[33:11] | ( whistling ) | |
[33:12] | / Lah-dah-dah-dah-dah, dah-dah… / | |
[33:15] | ( Royal whistles ) | |
[33:18] | / Dah-dah, dah-dah-dah-dah… / | |
[33:25] | / Dah, dah-dah-dah, dah, dee… / | |
[33:33] | / Dah, dah-dah-dah-dah, dah-dah-dah… / | |
[33:41] | That’s a hell of an old hound dog you got there. | |
[33:41] | / Dah-dah, dah-dah… / | 你们带狗去那儿 还不如让它下地狱 |
[33:44] | What’s he go by? | 它叫什么? |
[33:45] | Buckley. | 巴克利 |
[33:46] | Buckley, sit. | 巴克利,坐下 |
[33:53] | You know who I am? | 你们知道我是谁吗? |
[33:55] | I’m Royal. | 我是罗伊 |
[33:56] | Have you heard of me? | 听说过我吗? |
[34:00] | I’m very sorry for your loss. | 你们失去亲人我很难过 |
[34:01] | Your mother was a terribly attractive woman. | 你们妈妈是一个特别有魅力的女人 |
[34:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:05] | Which one are you? | 你是哪个? |
[34:07] | Ari. | 阿里 |
[34:08] | Uzi, I’m your granddad. | 尤滋 我是你爷爷 |
[34:10] | Hello. | 你好 |
[34:11] | I’m sorry we haven’t gotten to know each other. | 真遗憾我们一直不认识 |
[34:14] | I don’t get invited around very much. | 我没怎么被邀请过来 |
[34:16] | What do you think of that, by the way? | 顺便问一句 你们怎么认为? |
[34:18] | Oh, you… | 哦 你…… |
[34:20] | you don’t have to say anything. | 你什么都不用说 |
[34:22] | It’s kind of a “fuck you” to the old man, I guess. | 我猜 你们要对老头子喊“该死”之类的吧 |
[34:25] | How’s your daddy? | 爸爸怎么样? |
[34:27] | Fine. | 很好 |
[34:28] | You think so, huh? | 恩 你这么想 |
[34:29] | How often has he got you working out? | 他多久带你们出去一次? |
[34:31] | 16 times a week. | 每周16次 |
[34:34] | Do me a favor. | 帮我个忙 |
[34:35] | Tell him you want to meet me. | 告诉他你们想见我 |
[34:36] | But we just met. | 但我们刚刚遇到 |
[34:38] | No, we didn’t. | 不 那可不是 |
[34:39] | Look, I’d like us to have a relationship | 看 我希望我们是亲戚 |
[34:41] | but we have to pull some strings to make it happen. | 但是我们得做些努力 这事才有可能 |
[34:45] | Now, here’s what you tell him. You say… | 现在 我教你们跟他说 |
[34:48] | ARI: Well, I bet Mom would have wanted us | 我打赌 |
[34:50] | to meet him before he died. | 妈妈肯定会让我们在他死前见他一面 |
[34:52] | Wouldn’t she? | 不是吗? |
[34:53] | Don’t you think? | 你不那么认为吗? |
[35:09] | She was a tough old broad, wasn’t she? | 她是个粗俗放荡的老女人 不是吗? |
[35:12] | I wouldn’t know. | 我不知道 |
[35:14] | Excuse me. Come on. | 不好意思 来 |
[35:16] | Oh, that’s right. | 噢 对了 |
[35:17] | We’ve got another body buried here, haven’t we? | 我们还有个亲人埋在那边 不是吗? |
[35:19] | Uh, hold on. | 呃 等一下 |
[35:22] | Take some of these. | 带一点吧 |
[35:26] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[35:31] | So what do you think of this big, old black buck | 那么你看 |
[35:34] | moving in up there? | 如果那个老黑鹿搬到这里来如何? |
[35:35] | Who? | 谁? |
[35:37] | Henry Sherman. | 亨利・沙曼 |
[35:38] | You know him? | 你认识他? |
[35:39] | Yeah. | 对 |
[35:41] | Is he worth a damn? | 他不该死吗? |
[35:44] | I believe so. | 我想是的 |
[35:52] | What happened to your finger? | 你的手指怎么了? |
[35:53] | Uzi, shh. | 尤兹, 嘘. |
[35:54] | It’s okay, I’ll tell you. | 没关系 我告诉你们 |
[35:55] | I’m adopted. Did you know that? | 我是被收养的 你们知道吧 |
[35:58] | Well, I am. | 好吧 就是那样 |
[35:59] | When I was 14, I went to find my real family. | 14岁时 我去找我真正的家 |
[36:03] | They live in Indiana. | 他们住在印第安娜 |
[36:04] | All right, now, just set one of them hickory trunks | 好的 现在 放一只在山胡桃树桩上 |
[36:07] | right up top there, sister Maggie. | 就放这上面 玛琪妹妹 |
[36:14] | ( gasps ) | |
[36:18] | Did you try to sew it back on? | 你没试过把它缝好吗? |
[36:20] | Wasn’t worth it. | 不值得 |
[36:30] | Hell of a damn grave. | 该死的坟墓 |
[36:32] | Wish it were mine. | 希望是我的 |
[36:36] | It’s a shame, isn’t it? | 很遗憾 不是吗? |
[36:37] | What? | 什么? |
[36:39] | Well, you probably had another good two or three years | 你也许还有两三年的 |
[36:41] | of competitive play in you. | 球场风光日子 |
[36:43] | Probably. | 也许 |
[36:44] | I had a lot riding on that match, you know. | 那场比赛我损失惨重 你知道 |
[36:48] | Financially and personally. | 经济方面的 还有私人方面的 |
[36:50] | Why did you choke out there that day, Baumer? | 那天你为什么出局 鲍姆? |
[36:54] | TENNIS ANNOUNCER: Mr. Gandhi leads 40-15. | 甘地先生领先 |
[37:03] | COMMENTATOR: That’s 72 unforced errors | 瑞琪.特伦鲍姆 |
[37:05] | for Richie Tenenbaum. | 在那天共犯了72个非被迫错误 |
[37:06] | He’s playing the worst tennis of his life. | 他进行了一生中最糟糕的网球比赛 |
[37:08] | What’s he feeling right now, Tex Hayward? | 你现在有什么感受 德斯.黑瓦先生? |
[37:10] | HAYWARD: I don’t know, Jim. | 我不知道 吉姆 |
[37:12] | There’s obviously something wrong with him. | 很明显 他今天很反常 |
[37:14] | He’s taken off his shoes and one of his socks | 他脱掉了鞋 还有一只袜子 |
[37:16] | and… actually, I think he’s crying. | 而且 事实上 我想他正在哭 |
[37:18] | COMMENTATOR: I think you’re right. | 是的 |
[37:20] | Who’s he looking at in the friends’ box, Tex? | 他在看朋友席里的谁?德斯? |
[37:22] | HAYWARD: That’s his sister, Margot | 那是他姐姐 玛格特 |
[37:24] | and her new husband, Raleigh St. Clair. | 和她的新婚丈夫瑞内.圣.克莱尔 |
[37:26] | They were just married yesterday, Jim. | 吉姆 她们昨天结婚的 |
[37:28] | COMMENTATOR: Oh, yes. | 哦 是的 |
[37:32] | ( crowd reacts ) | |
[37:35] | COMMENTATOR: I’ve never seen anything like this. | 我从来没遇见过这种事 |
[37:38] | HAYWARD: Neither have l. | 我也是 |
[37:40] | Strange day out here at Windswept Fields. | 温斯场地奇怪的一天 |
[37:44] | I kind of disappeared after that, didn’t l? | 那天以后你就消失了 不是吗? |
[37:46] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[37:48] | But I understood. | 但我能理解 |
[37:51] | I know you’re not very good with disappointment. | 我知道你不好受 很失望 |
[38:00] | You still got that little BB | 查斯 |
[38:02] | in your hand, Chassie? | 那颗比比弹还在你手里吗? |
[38:06] | ( chuckling softly) | |
[38:12] | Why did you shoot me? | 你当时为什么要射我? |
[38:14] | It was the object of the game, wasn’t it? | 这就是游戏的目的 不是吗? |
[38:16] | No. | 不 |
[38:17] | We were on the same team. | 我们是同一个队的啊 |
[38:20] | Were we? | 是吗? |
[38:22] | Well… you sued me. | 你两次控告我 |
[38:25] | Twice. Got me disbarred. | 弄得我被吊销执照 |
[38:27] | I don’t hold it against you, do l? | 我并没有反驳你 不是吗? |
[38:30] | And how is it possible | 而且这怎么可能 |
[38:31] | for Mr. Tenenbaum to withdraw these funds | 特伦鲍姆先生在没有你的亲笔授权的情况下 |
[38:33] | without your written authorization? | 抽出了那些资金 |
[38:35] | Objection, Your Honor. Damn it, l… | 反对 长官! 该死 我… |
[38:36] | Why don’t you leave the objections to me, Royal? | 罗伊 你最好把反对留给我 |
[38:38] | Because I started the corporation when I was a minor. | 因为我未成年时就开办了这家公司 |
[38:40] | So, my father was the primary signatory | 所以我的户头上 |
[38:42] | on most of my accounts. | 我父亲是主要的签字人 |
[38:43] | He also stole bonds | 而且 我十四岁时 |
[38:44] | out of my safety deposit box when I was 14. | 他还从我的储蓄盒里偷了证券 |
[38:50] | ( chuckles uncomfortably) | 哦! |
[38:51] | You think you could start forgiving me? | 你觉得你可以开始宽恕我了吗? |
[38:59] | Why should l? | 为什么? |
[39:00] | Because you’re hurting me. | 因为你伤害了我 |
[39:04] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[39:09] | Were you in prison? | 你进过监狱吗? |
[39:10] | Kind of. | 很短 |
[39:11] | Minimum security. | 非常不安全 |
[39:13] | I got jacked by the IRS. | 我被爱尔兰人顶起过 |
[39:15] | Should we split? | 我可以走了吗? |
[39:17] | Yes, sir. | 是的,先生 |
[39:18] | No, call me Mr. Tenenbaum. | 不 叫我特伦鲍姆先生 |
[39:19] | Okay. | 好的 |
[39:21] | No, I’m kidding; call me Pappy. | 不 我是说着玩的 叫我爷爷 |
[39:23] | Okay. | 好的 |
[39:25] | Come on, let’s shag ass. | 走吧 |
[39:29] | Well, just let me know | 如果你需要人倾诉 |
[39:30] | if you need somebody to talk to, okay? | 来找我 好吗? |
[39:33] | I like Raleigh very much. | 我很喜欢瑞内 |
[39:34] | I know he’s a lot older than you are | 我知道他比你大一点儿 |
[39:37] | and you two are having some problems | 你们两个之间出了点问题 |
[39:39] | but… anyway, maybe I can help. | 但是 无论如何 也许我可以帮上忙 |
[39:41] | Okay. Thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[39:43] | Hey, Baumer! All right! | 嘿 鲍姆 是你! |
[39:46] | All right! Ha! Oh, shit! Oh, Jesus. | 是你!哈!哦 上帝! |
[39:51] | By the way, I heard about that letter you sent to Eli. | 顺便说一声, 我听说了你写给伊莱的信 |
[39:58] | You dropped some cigarettes. | 你把烟掉了 |
[40:04] | Those aren’t mine. | 那不是我的 |
[40:05] | They just fell out of your pocket. | 我看见它从你的口袋掉出来 |
[40:21] | Oh, my Lord, look at you. | 哦 天啊 看你! |
[40:28] | Come in. | 进来吧 |
[40:33] | Did you tell Margot | 你告诉玛格特 |
[40:35] | about that letter I wrote to you? | 我给你写的那封信了吗? |
[40:37] | Why? Did she mention it? | 怎么这么说? 她说的吗? |
[40:39] | ( sighing ) | |
[40:42] | Yes, I did. | 是的 |
[40:44] | Why would she have repeated that, I wonder? | 我不明白 她干吗又提起那个 |
[40:47] | Well, I would ask you the same question. | 我再问一遍那个问题 |
[40:52] | Rightly so. | 是的 |
[41:01] | What’d you say? | 你说什么? |
[41:03] | Hmm? | 嗯? |
[41:05] | What? | 什么? |
[41:07] | I didn’t say anything. | 我什么都没说. |
[41:09] | When? Right now? | 什么时候?刚才? |
[41:16] | I’m sorry; don’t listen to me. | 抱歉 别管我 |
[41:18] | I’m on mescaline. | 我磕了药 |
[41:19] | I’ve been spaced out all day. | 整天都迷迷糊糊的 |
[41:21] | ( cork pops ) | |
[41:23] | Did you say you’re on mescaline? | 你刚才是不是说你磕了药? |
[41:25] | I did, indeed. | 是的 |
[41:27] | Very much so. | 的确是这样 |
[41:29] | How often do you, uh…? | 你经常如此么? |
[41:32] | I’m worried about you, Richie. | 瑞琪 我很担心你 |
[41:34] | Why? | 为什么? |
[41:35] | Well, actually, Margot is, for some reason. | 事实上, 由于某种原因 玛格特她是… |
[41:38] | But I did find it odd | 但是你说你爱她时 |
[41:40] | when you said you were in love with her. | 当我确实觉得这很奇怪 |
[41:46] | She’s married, you know. | 你知道 她已经结婚了 |
[41:48] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[41:49] | And she’s your sister. | 她是你姐姐 |
[41:52] | Adopted. | 她是养女 |
[42:04] | Where are my encyclopedias? | 我的百科全书在哪里? |
[42:07] | They’ve been placed in storage. | 被收起来了 |
[42:08] | Well, damn you. You’re taking my encyclopedias. | 该死 你拿了我的百科全书 |
[42:10] | -Th-this is humiliating. -I’m sorry. | -真是耻辱 -很抱歉 |
[42:12] | Would you like to make a complaint in writing? | 你可以写份书面的投诉呀 |
[42:14] | Where am I supposed to go? | 我应该去那里? |
[42:15] | You’re turning me into a damn hobo. | 你让我变成游民 |
[42:16] | I’d be happy to make a reservation for you | 我很愿意为你在别的旅馆预定房间 |
[42:18] | -at another hotel. -You son of a bitch. | 狗娘养的 |
[42:20] | Frederick. | 弗瑞克 |
[42:21] | Hello there, Dusty. | 你好 德斯 |
[42:22] | Hello. | 你好 |
[42:24] | Could you spot me a quarter? | 你能帮我盯一刻钟吗? |
[42:26] | Of course. | 当然. |
[42:29] | Richie? Hi. | 瑞琪?嗨 |
[42:31] | It’s your dad. | 是爸爸 |
[42:36] | I think he’s very lonely… | 我想他很孤独… |
[42:39] | lonelier than he lets on | 比他表现的要孤独 |
[42:40] | maybe lonelier than he even realizes. | 也许比他意识到的还要孤独 |
[42:43] | Have you spoken to him about this? | 你和他谈过这个吗? |
[42:46] | Briefly, and he agreed that we… | 简短地谈过 他答应我们… |
[42:48] | I’m sorry, maybe I’m a little confused here. | 抱歉,也许我有点困惑 |
[42:51] | What are you suggesting? | 你们有什么打算? |
[42:52] | That he come here and stay in my room. | 让他来这里住我的房间 |
[42:54] | Are you out of your mind? | 你疯了吗? |
[42:57] | No, I’m not. Anyway, I think that | 不 没有 无论如何 我是那么想的 |
[42:58] | he’d be much more comfortable here than he would… | 这里会让他舒服得多 |
[43:00] | Who gives a shit? | 谁说的? |
[43:01] | I do. | 我 |
[43:03] | You poor sucker. | 可怜 你被骗了 |
[43:04] | You poor, washed-up papa’s boy. | 你真可怜,难得一见的“爸爸的好儿子” |
[43:07] | SHERMAN: All right, let’s not get out of hand. | 是的, 我们不好袖手旁观 |
[43:08] | Please, don’t get in the middle of this, Mr. Sherman. | 拜托 舒蔓先生 不要介入这件事 |
[43:11] | This is a family matter. | 这是我们的家事 |
[43:12] | Don’t talk to him like that. | 不要跟他那么讲话 |
[43:14] | -Call me Henry. -I prefer Mr. Sherman. | -叫我亨利 -我更喜欢称呼你舒曼先生 |
[43:16] | Call him Henry. | 叫他亨利 |
[43:17] | Why? I don’t know him that well. | 为什么? 我和他还没那么熟 |
[43:19] | You’ve known him for ten years. | 你认识他有10年了. |
[43:20] | As your accountant, Mr. Sherman, yes. | 是的 那是你的理财会计 舒曼先生 |
[43:22] | Where are you going to sleep? | 那你睡哪里? |
[43:23] | I’m just going to camp out upstairs. | 我上楼露营去 |
[43:25] | We brought our sleeping bag… | 那我们带上睡袋 |
[43:26] | Uzi! | 尤兹! |
[43:27] | ARI: We don’t mind, Dad. | 我们不介意 爸爸 |
[43:29] | We like him. | 我们喜欢他 |
[43:30] | UZI: Who, Pappy? | 谁,爷爷? |
[43:31] | “Pappy”? | “爷爷”? |
[43:32] | He can sleep in the room above us. | 他可以睡我们楼上的房间 |
[43:34] | Ari, it’s not your decision. | 阿里 不是由你做决定 |
[43:35] | Nor is it yours. | 也不是由你 |
[43:37] | Well, he’s already up there. | 他已经呆那儿了 |
[43:41] | What?! | 什么? |
[43:43] | I think he’s asleep | 我想他睡着了 |
[43:44] | because of the medication he’s on | 因为他在进行药疗 |
[43:46] | but l… I guess you can wake him up and throw him out… | 可我… 我想你可以叫醒他 把他扔出去 |
[43:50] | if Mom says it’s okay. | 如果妈妈也那么说的话 |
[43:54] | ( monitor beeping ) | |
[43:59] | Get out. | 出去 |
[44:02] | ( grunting ): All right. | 好吧 |
[44:04] | Let me just collect my things. | 让我把东西带上 |
[44:07] | ( groans ) | |
[44:09] | Would you mind handing me my cane, Richie? | 瑞琪 把手杖递给我好吗? |
[44:12] | Let me see, where’s my suitcases? | 让我看看 我的外套呢? |
[44:13] | I’ll get ’em. | 我要带上 |
[44:15] | Oh, thanks. | 哦 谢谢 |
[44:16] | ( grunting ): Oh! | 哦! |
[44:18] | Dad! | 爸爸! |
[44:20] | ( groans ) | 妈妈! |
[44:21] | Grab me a Nembutal, will you, son? | |
[44:21] | Mom! | 快拿宁比泰药来 好吗 儿子? |
[44:24] | Are you okay? | 你感觉好点吗? |
[44:26] | What the fuck you care? | 关你什么事? |
[44:28] | ETHELINE: Oh, my goodness. | 哦 天啊 |
[44:30] | ROYAL: Pagoda? | 塔叔? |
[44:32] | Call Doctor McClure. | 打电话叫麦克纽尔医生 |
[44:33] | ( monitor flatlines ) | |
[44:37] | Take a breath and hold it. | |
[44:37] | ( moans ) | 屏住呼吸 |
[44:39] | ( inhales ) | |
[44:41] | Now cough. | 咳嗽 |
[44:42] | ( coughs weakly) | |
[44:47] | His condition is stable. | 他的状况稳定 |
[44:48] | The attack was just a side effect. | 这次只是药物副作用. |
[44:51] | I recommend you push fluids | 我建议给他吃流质食物 |
[44:54] | and continue the stomach cancer medication. | 并继续胃癌化疗 |
[44:56] | ( pager beeping ) | |
[45:03] | CHAS: Can we move him? | 我们可以给他挪个地方吗? |
[45:04] | Absolutely not. | 绝对不可以 |
[45:06] | For how long? | 要多久? |
[45:08] | We’ll have to wait and see. | 我们再观察 |
[45:10] | Is he going to be all right? | 他会好起来吗? |
[45:12] | That depends. Is he a fighter? | 那要看…… 他坚强吗? |
[45:14] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[45:16] | Then that’s the best we’ve got. | 那再好不过了 |
[45:21] | Pagoda’s in possession | 塔叔保管的这个小包 |
[45:23] | of a parcel containing my will | 装着我的遗嘱 |
[45:25] | and some instructions for the funeral | 和那一天到来时 |
[45:28] | including my epitaph, for when the time comes. | 对我葬礼和墓志铭的安排 |
[45:30] | Proofread it for me | 刻石碑之前 |
[45:32] | before they carve it on the headstone, okay? | 你帮我校正一下 好吗? |
[45:34] | Okay. | 好的 |
[45:36] | I never did stop loving you, by the way. | 顺便说一句 我对你的爱从未停息 |
[45:39] | Do you believe that? | 你信吗? |
[45:41] | Not really. | 不太信 |
[45:42] | You look terrific. | 你看上去棒极了 |
[45:45] | That dress is stunning. | 这套衣服很称你 |
[45:47] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[46:06] | ( acoustic guitar plays soft, slow melody) | |
[46:11] | / Tears that angels cry… / | |
[46:14] | ( loud slurping ) | |
[46:15] | / And the dark and all the sky… / | |
[46:19] | Lights out, old man. | 熄灯了 |
[46:22] | I thought I’d read for a while, Chas. | 查斯 我打算再看一会 |
[46:25] | Sorry. 11:30. Lights out. | 对不起 十一点半熄灯. |
[46:28] | I’m right in the middle of a sentence. | 我这个句子刚看了一半 |
[46:30] | Well, you’ll have to finish it in the morning. | 那你明早再看另一半吧 |
[46:33] | Them’s the rules. | 这是规矩 |
[46:35] | Chas? | 查斯? |
[46:39] | Good night, my boy. | 晚安 我的儿子 |
[46:40] | / When the one you love says good-bye / | |
[46:46] | / Sing a lullaby / | |
[46:50] | / Dee-dee-dee, dee-dee, dee-dee / | |
[46:54] | / Dee-dee-dee, dee-dee, dee-dee… / | |
[46:58] | Looks like you and Dad are back together again, huh? | 看起来你和你爸又恢复同一战线 是吗? |
[47:01] | He’s your dad, too, Chas. | 他也是你的爸爸 查斯 |
[47:04] | -No, he’s not. -Yes, he is. | -他不是 -他是的 |
[47:05] | You really hate me, don’t you? | 你很讨厌我 不是吗? |
[47:07] | No. I don’t. I love you. | 不 我爱你 |
[47:11] | Well, I don’t know what you think | 我不知道你想怎样 |
[47:13] | you’re going to get out of this | 你别再管这事了 |
[47:15] | but believe me, whatever it is, it’s not worth it. | 相信我 不管事实如何 不值得 |
[47:20] | Chas… | 查斯… |
[47:22] | I don’t want to hurt you. | 我并不想伤害你 |
[47:24] | I know what you and the boys have been through. | 我知道你和孩子们是怎样挺过来的 |
[47:27] | You’re my brother, and I love you. | 你是我哥哥 我爱你 |
[47:29] | Stop saying that! | 别说了! |
[47:45] | What’s that jackass doing? | 那个蠢驴在干吗? |
[47:53] | I know you, asshole! | 我认识你 蠢蛋! |
[48:06] | Did Eli send you that? | 那是伊莱送你的吗? |
[48:08] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯 |
[48:10] | He always sends me his clippings. | 他经常送给我他的剪报 |
[48:13] | What for? | 为什么? |
[48:16] | I think he just likes the encouragement. | 我想他很喜欢鼓励 |
[48:18] | He’s done it for years. | 他坚持很多年了 |
[48:20] | He used to send me his grades in college. | 他曾经还送过我大学成绩单 |
[48:23] | That’s ridiculous. | |
[48:23] | ( sighs ) | 真可笑 |
[48:25] | ( tapping ) | |
[48:33] | How long do you intend to stay here? | 你打算在这里住多久? |
[48:36] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[48:38] | Are you ever coming home? | 你以前回过家吗? |
[48:41] | Maybe not. | 好象没有 |
[48:45] | You’re joking. | 开玩笑 |
[48:48] | No. | 不 |
[48:53] | Well, I want to die. | 唉 我都活不下去了 |
[48:59] | Raleigh, please… | 瑞内 别这样 |
[49:02] | Have you met someone else? | 你爱上别人了吗? |
[49:06] | I couldn’t even begin to think about | 我甚至还没有想过 |
[49:08] | knowing how to answer that question. | 要怎么回答你这个问题 |
[49:17] | ROYAL: I don’t like the way you’re treating Raleigh. | 我可不喜欢你这样对待瑞内 |
[49:24] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[49:25] | You don’t even know him. | 你都不认识他 |
[49:27] | Well, I’ve met him, and I don’t think he deserves… | 我和他见过面 我觉得他可不该受到这样的对待 |
[49:29] | Stay out of it. | 你别管 |
[49:32] | You’re two-timing him with that bloodsucker | 你对他有过两次不忠 和那个吸血鬼一起 |
[49:35] | Eli Cash. | 伊莱.喀什 |
[49:38] | Now, that’s just not right, damn it. | 那不好 |
[49:41] | You used to be a genius. | 你曾经是个天才 |
[49:46] | No, I didn’t. | 不 我不是 |
[49:50] | Anyway, that’s what they used to say. | 无论如何 以前人们都那么说 |
[49:59] | RALEIGH: Richard, I know you’re terribly close to Margot | 瑞琪 我知道你和玛格特走的特别近 |
[50:02] | and probably understand her better than anyone. | 也许比其他人更了解她 |
[50:04] | May I confide in you? | 我可以跟你说点事吗? |
[50:07] | ( sighs ) | |
[50:10] | Okay. | 好的 |
[50:14] | I believe she’s having an affair. | 我敢肯定 她有外遇了 |
[50:19] | I’m utterly devastated. | 我简直惊慌失措 |
[50:20] | l… don’t know where else to turn. | 我…我不知道 以后再怎么办 |
[50:24] | Will you advise me? | 你有什么建议吗? |
[50:27] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[50:28] | What do you want to do? | 你想怎么办? |
[50:29] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[50:30] | Perhaps, uh… | 也许 呃… |
[50:32] | Find the guy and get him? | 找到那家伙 揍他一顿吗? |
[50:33] | Well, no, I thought we could… | 不 我想我们可以…… |
[50:39] | Who do you think it might be? | 你觉得那个人可能是谁? |
[50:41] | I don’t know at the moment. | 我现在还不知道 |
[50:47] | CHAS: Let’s look at the actuals, okay? | 我们来看看实际情况好吗? |
[50:49] | I agree with you a hundred percent. | 我百分百赞同你 |
[50:51] | That’s why we have marketing grids. | 这就是我们为什么有销售市场的原因 |
[50:53] | ROYAL: Hey. | 嘿 |
[50:55] | What do you say we go down to Little Tokyo | 你说什么? |
[50:57] | and get some fireworks? | 我们去小东京买烟花怎么样? |
[50:59] | What do you need? | 你要干什么? |
[51:00] | Nothing. | 不干什么 |
[51:03] | I see you got them, uh, crunching numbers for you. | 呃 我看见你要他们帮你处理资料 |
[51:05] | Please don’t come in this room. | 请不要踏入这里 |
[51:09] | Chas has those boys cooped up | 查斯把孩子们圈在笼子里 |
[51:10] | like a pair of jackrabbits, Etheline. | 艾瑟琳 他们就象两只兔八哥 |
[51:12] | He has his reasons. | 他有他的理由 |
[51:14] | Oh, I know that | 哦 我知道 |
[51:15] | but you can’t raise boys to be scared of life. | 但是不能把孩子们养得胆小怕事 |
[51:18] | You got to brew some recklessness into them. | 得让他们变的甚至卤莽点儿 |
[51:22] | I think that’s terrible advice. | 我觉得这个建议很糟糕 |
[51:25] | No, you don’t. | 不 |
[51:29] | ARI: We take boxing and self-defense classes. | “我们参加了拳击和防身课程” |
[51:32] | I’m not talking about dance lessons. | 我可不是说舞蹈课 |
[51:34] | I’m talking about putting a brick | 我在说 |
[51:36] | through the other guy’s windshield. | 关于把砖头砸别人的挡风玻璃之类的 |
[51:38] | I’m talking about taking it out and chopping it up. | 关于激烈动作之类的 |
[51:42] | What do you mean? | “什么意思?” |
[51:44] | * The mama pajama rolled out of bed * / The mama pajama rolled out of bed / | |
[51:47] | * And she ran to the police station * ( all yelling ) | |
[51:47] | / And she ran to the police station / | |
[51:48] | * When the papa found out, he began to shout * / When the papa found out, he began to shout / | |
[51:52] | * And he started the investigation * / And he started the investigation / | |
[51:55] | * It’s against the law * / It’s against the law / | |
[51:56] | Go! | Go! |
[51:57] | * It was against the law * / It was against the law / | |
[52:00] | / What the mama saw, it was against the law / | |
[52:00] | * What the mama saw, it was against the law * ( all laughing ) | |
[52:02] | ( chuckling ) | |
[52:05] | * The mama looked down and spit on the ground * / The mama looked down and spit on the ground / | |
[52:07] | * Ev’ry time my name gets mentioned * / Ev’ry time my name gets mentioned / | |
[52:10] | * The papa said, “Oy, if I get that boy * / The papa said, “Oy, if I get that boy / | |
[52:12] | * I’m gonna stick him in the house of detention” * / I’m gonna stick him in the house of detention” / | |
[52:16] | * Well, I’m on my way * / Well, I’m on my way / | |
[52:18] | * I don’t know where I’m goin’ * / I don’t know where I’m goin’ / | |
[52:20] | * I’m on my way * / I’m on my way / | |
[52:22] | * I’m takin’ my time * / I’m takin’ my time / | |
[52:24] | * But I don’t know where * / But I don’t know where / | |
[52:25] | * Goodbye to Rosie, the Queen of Corona… * / Goodbye to Rosie, the Queen of Corona… / | |
[52:29] | Come here. | 过来 |
[52:31] | / See you, me and Julio / -That’s it! Run! | * See you, me and Julio * -得手了 快跑 |
[52:32] | * Down by the schoolyard * / Down by the schoolyard / | |
[52:34] | * See you, me and Julio down by the schoolyard. * / See you, me and Julio down by the schoolyard. / | |
[52:40] | ( whistling melody) | |
[52:49] | ( laughing ) | |
[52:55] | ( giggling ) | |
[52:57] | Whoo-hoo! | |
[52:58] | Yippee! | |
[53:02] | He saved my life, you know. | 知道吗?他救了过我的命 |
[53:04] | 30 years ago, I was knifed in a bazaar in Calcutta. | 三十年前 我在加尔各答的市集上被刀捅了 |
[53:08] | He carried me to the hospital on his back. | 他背我去医院的 |
[53:11] | ( chuckling ) | 谁刺伤了你? |
[53:11] | Who stabbed you? | |
[53:13] | He did. | 就是他 |
[53:15] | Yeah, there was a price on my head | 是的 有人出价买我的脑袋 |
[53:16] | and he was a hired assassin. | 他是刺客 |
[53:20] | Stuck me right in the gut with that. Shoot. | 正好刺到直肠了 |
[53:23] | ( all yelling ) | |
[53:24] | ( dogs barking, snarling ) | |
[53:33] | CHAS: Hey! | 嘿! |
[53:35] | What? | 什么? |
[53:38] | Where have you been? | 你们从哪儿回来的? |
[53:39] | Uh, we just stepped out to get some air. | 呃 我们只是出去透透气 |
[53:43] | What’s that? | 这是什么? |
[53:45] | Holy shit. | 妈的 |
[53:46] | That’s not…? | 那不是……? |
[53:47] | What is that? | 这是什么啊? |
[53:50] | Oh, no, no, that’s, uh, dog’s blood. | 哦, 不, 不, 那是, 呃, 狗血 |
[53:52] | Come here. | 过来 |
[53:54] | What? | 什么? |
[54:00] | You stay away from my children. | 你离我孩子远点儿 |
[54:01] | Do you understand? | 明白吗? |
[54:03] | My God, I haven’t been in here for years. | 天啊 我多少年没去那儿了 |
[54:04] | Hey! Are you listening to me! | 嘿! 你在听我说话吗? |
[54:06] | ( yelling ): Yes, I am! | 是的 我在 |
[54:08] | I think you’ve having a nervous breakdown! | 我觉得你神经有点问题 |
[54:10] | I don’t think you recovered | 我觉得 |
[54:12] | from Rachael’s death. | 你还没从瑞切儿的离开回过神来 |
[54:13] | l… | 我… |
[54:17] | ( door slams ) | |
[54:26] | There you are. | 原来你在这儿 |
[54:32] | ( chuckling ) | |
[54:40] | How are you feeling? | 你感觉如何? |
[54:42] | I’m having a ball. | 我正在参加一个舞会 |
[54:44] | Scrapping and yelling and mixing it up. | 同时和所有的家伙 |
[54:48] | Loving every minute with this damn crew. | 打架、叫喊 混战一团 却又爱着他们 爱着这一切 |
[54:53] | I want to thank you for raising our children | 顺便说一句 我要谢谢你为我把孩子带大 |
[54:55] | by the way. | 还有 |
[54:57] | Okay. | 好的 |
[54:59] | I’m not kidding. | 我可不是开玩笑 |
[55:01] | You always put them first, didn’t you? | 你永远把他们放在第一位 不是吗? |
[55:03] | I tried to. | 我一直这样努力 |
[55:05] | Lately I feel like maybe I didn’t do such a great job. | 近来我常感觉 也许我没有做得那么好 |
[55:08] | Goddamn it, don’t do that to yourself. | 天啊 你别那么想 |
[55:10] | I’m the one that failed them. | 我才是对不起他们的那个人 |
[55:12] | Or, anyway, it’s nobody’s fault. | 或者 无论如何 大家都没有错 |
[55:14] | Plus, that– it doesn’t… | 再说 那个… |
[55:16] | Why didn’t you give a damn about us, Royal? | 你为什么不指责我们 罗伊? |
[55:19] | Why didn’t you care? | 你为什么毫不关心? |
[55:22] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[55:23] | I’m ashamed of myself. | 我很惭愧 |
[55:29] | I’ll tell you one thing, though… | 告诉你 |
[55:31] | you got more grit, fire and guts | 虽然你比我见过的任何女人 |
[55:34] | than any woman I have ever met. | 都要勇敢、坚强 |
[55:37] | What… what are you smiling about? | 什么? 你笑什么? |
[55:40] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[55:41] | No, wha… what’s so funny? | 不, 什么? 什么这么好笑? |
[55:43] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[55:44] | It’s these little expressions of yours. | 只是你用的这些形容词 |
[55:46] | I don’t know what you’re talking about | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[55:48] | but I’ll take it as a compliment. | 但我理解这是赞美 |
[55:53] | You’re true blue, Ethel. | 艾瑟 你真可爱 |
[55:55] | You really are. | 你真…… |
[56:00] | How’s your love life? | 你的感情生活如何? |
[56:03] | None of your business. | 不关你事 |
[56:05] | ( chuckling ) | |
[56:11] | ( hoots ) | |
[56:14] | I’d like you to talk to Royal about us | 我希望你和罗伊谈谈我们的事 |
[56:16] | if you don’t mind. | 如果你不介意的话 |
[56:18] | I don’t think the timing’s right for that, Henry. | 亨利 我觉得时机还不成熟 |
[56:22] | Well, I’d agree | 没错 |
[56:23] | if I thought he was really going to die in six weeks | 如果我以为他真的只能活六周 那么做可能确实不太合适 |
[56:26] | but I don’t. | 我同意你说的 |
[56:30] | Well, I hope you’re right. | 可我不那么以为 |
[56:32] | Actually, I don’t believe I’ll join you tonight. | 事实上 我今晚并不太想去 |
[56:38] | I’ll call you in the morning. | 我早上给你打电话吧 |
[56:49] | She said that? | 她那么说? |
[56:50] | ( chuckling ) | |
[56:52] | Great. | 太好了 |
[56:55] | Got the sucker on the ropes. | 真的被蒙住了 |
[56:58] | ( Royal chuckles softly) | |
[57:15] | Can I ask you something, Hank? | 我可以问你点事吗 汉克? |
[57:22] | Okay. | 好的 |
[57:26] | Are you trying to steal my woman? | 你是打算偷走我的女人吗? |
[57:29] | I beg your pardon? | 你再说一遍 |
[57:31] | You heard me, Coltrane. | 你听清楚了 小犊子 |
[57:33] | Coltrane? | 小犊子? |
[57:35] | What? | 什么? |
[57:37] | Did you just call me “Coltrane”? | 你刚才叫我小犊子? |
[57:38] | No. | 没有 |
[57:40] | You didn’t? | 你没有? |
[57:41] | No. | 没有 |
[57:43] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[57:45] | ( clears throat) | |
[57:47] | But if I did… | 但是就算我说了 |
[57:50] | you wouldn’t be able to do anything about it, would you? | 你也不能把我怎么样 是吧 |
[57:53] | You don’t think so? | 你这么想? |
[57:55] | No, I don’t. | 是的 |
[57:57] | Listen, Royal | 听着 罗伊 |
[57:58] | if you think you can march in here… | 如果你认为你住进来就… |
[58:00] | You want to talk some jive? | 你要讲一大堆废话吗? |
[58:01] | I’ll talk some jive. | 我来讲好了 |
[58:03] | I’ll talk some jive like you’ve never heard. | 我来讲些你从未听说的 |
[58:05] | -Oh, yeah? -Right on! | -哦 是吗? -是的! |
[58:06] | -Sit down. -What?! | -坐下! -是吗? |
[58:08] | Wh-what did you say? | 你 你刚才说是吗? |
[58:09] | I said sit down, goddamn it! | 我说你给我坐下 该死的 |
[58:10] | Oh, I heard you! I want you out of my house! | 哦 我听到了! 你要你从我的房子出去! |
[58:12] | This is not your house! | 这里不是你的房子! |
[58:13] | I want your raggedy ass out! | 我要你这个破烂出去 |
[58:14] | Don’t talk semantics with me. | 别给我咬文嚼字 |
[58:16] | Oh, this is not your… | 哦, 这不是你的… |
[58:17] | What’s going on here? | 发生什么事了? |
[58:19] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[58:24] | Mmm. | 恩 |
[58:35] | ( whirring and pumping ) | |
[58:42] | ( no audio ) | |
[58:44] | Hello, I’m calling in regards to a Dr. McClure– yes– | 喂, 我想问下麦克纽尔医生 — 是的 |
[58:47] | at Colby General. | 科比医院 |
[58:49] | The name of the patient is Royal Tenenbaum. | 病人的名字是罗伊.特伦鲍姆 |
[58:52] | Hmm… | 恩 |
[58:54] | Is that a Tic-Tac? | 这是踢踢糖? |
[58:58] | ( foreboding organ music plays ) | |
[59:02] | ( knock on door) | |
[59:04] | ( recorded sitar music playing ) | |
[59:08] | How much is he paying you? | 他付了多少钱你? |
[59:10] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 不知道你在说什么 |
[59:14] | Well, I grew up with the Tenenbaum family, you know. | 你知道 我和特伦鲍姆家族的孩子们一起长大的 |
[59:17] | Right. | 是的 |
[59:18] | Across the street. | 对街的 |
[59:19] | Mm-hmm. | 恩 |
[59:21] | They’ve fallen on hard times now, haven’t they? | 他们现在陷入困境 不是吗? |
[59:23] | I can’t say no. | 我不能否定 |
[59:25] | This is bullshit. | 垃圾! |
[59:27] | Change it, huh? | 换台好吗? |
[59:30] | What did you do to your hand? | 你的手怎么啦? |
[59:33] | Uh, nothing. | 呃 没什么 |
[59:38] | ROYAL: Can we get somebody over here | 我们可以叫人来这里 |
[59:40] | to kill these mice for us? | 把这只老鼠给弄死吗? |
[59:42] | No. They belong to Chas. | 不行 那是查斯的 |
[59:44] | Or anyway, he invented them. | 或者说 他发明了它们 |
[59:47] | Well, get him to stick them in a fucking cage | 那就让他把这些玩意装进笼子里 |
[59:49] | or something. | 或其他的什么地方 |
[59:52] | Etheline… mind coming up here for a minute, please? | 艾瑟琳 可以上来一下吗? |
[59:55] | What’s cooking, Pops? | 玩什么花样 老爹? |
[59:58] | You’ll see. | 你会明白 |
[1:00:00] | Now, your previous novel… | 你上一本书… |
[1:00:01] | Yes. Wildcat. | 是的 《野猫》 |
[1:00:03] | Not a success. | |
[1:00:03] | Right. | 并不成功 |
[1:00:05] | Why? | 为什么呢? |
[1:00:12] | Well, Wildcat was written in a kind of obsolete | 这么说 《野猫》是用极其 |
[1:00:16] | vernacular… | 地方性的语言写就 |
[1:00:21] | ( whispers ): Wildcat… | 《野猫》…… |
[1:00:23] | Wild… cat… | 《野……猫》…… |
[1:00:28] | ( quietly imitates gunshots ) | |
[1:00:31] | Wildcat… | 《野猫》…… |
[1:00:34] | I’m going to go. | 我得走了 |
[1:00:36] | I’m taking this off and I’m going. | 脱掉这个 |
[1:00:39] | Stepping out. | 走出去 |
[1:00:40] | What the hell kind of way to act is that? | 他在搞什么鬼? |
[1:00:43] | ELI: Open the door. | 开门 |
[1:00:44] | He’s on drugs. | 他磕药了 |
[1:00:45] | I’ll be right back. | 我一会回来 |
[1:00:51] | James Bradley… | 杰姆士.布瑞利 |
[1:00:52] | Hold on a minute, please. | 请等一下 |
[1:00:54] | What’s going on? | 什么事? |
[1:00:55] | Pagoda has something to say. | 塔叔有话说 |
[1:01:02] | He has a cancer. | 他得了癌症 |
[1:01:05] | No, he doesn’t. | 不 他没有 |
[1:01:07] | I know what stomach cancer looks like. | 我知道得了胃癌是什么样 |
[1:01:09] | I’ve seen it. | 我见过的 |
[1:01:11] | And you don’t eat | 如果你真得那病的话 |
[1:01:13] | three cheeseburgers a day with French fries if you got it. | 你不会每天吃三份奶酪汉堡加法式炸鸡 |
[1:01:17] | The pain is excruciating. | 那样会痛苦难耐的 |
[1:01:18] | How would you know? | 你怎么知道? |
[1:01:20] | My wife had it. | 我妻子就是那种病 |
[1:01:22] | Not only is there no Dr. McClure at Colby General | 不仅没有什么科比医院麦克纽尔医生 |
[1:01:27] | there is no Colby General. | 也没有科比医院 |
[1:01:29] | It closed in 1974. | 那个医院1974年就倒闭了 |
[1:01:31] | Aw, shit, man. | 啊 去死吧 |
[1:01:33] | Oh, shit, man. | 哦 去死吧 |
[1:01:38] | ( Chas grunts ) | |
[1:01:40] | ( dialing rotary phone ) | |
[1:01:46] | Yes, can you send a taxi | 是的 你可以马上派辆出租 |
[1:01:47] | to 111 Archer Avenue right away, please? | 来射手大道111号吗? |
[1:01:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:01:50] | ( slams receiver) | |
[1:01:58] | I guess we’re back out on the street, huh, pal? | 我想我们正在这条街上丢人 哈? |
[1:02:01] | Were you part of this, Pagoda? | 塔叔 你也参与了吗? |
[1:02:04] | Of course he was. | 他当然了 |
[1:02:05] | No, well, yeah, he was | 不,好吧,是的 他有 |
[1:02:07] | but, I mean, he wasn’t that involved. | 但是 我是说 他不是你们所想的那样 |
[1:02:09] | Where’d you get all these medical supplies? | 你是从哪搞到这么多医疗设施的? |
[1:02:12] | A guy at St. Pete’s owed me a favor. | 圣.彼得医院的一个家伙欠我个人情 |
[1:02:15] | I did some malpractice work for him. | 我曾为他做过不法的事 |
[1:02:18] | I do have high blood pressure, though. | 可是我有高血压 |
[1:02:24] | Look, I know I’m going to be the bad guy on this one. | 看 我成了个坏透了的家伙 |
[1:02:27] | But I just want to say, the last six days have been | 但我还是要说 过去的六天 |
[1:02:31] | the best six days of probably my whole life. | 也许是我一生中最美好的六天 |
[1:02:34] | NARRATOR: Immediately after making this statement | 罗伊说完这番话 |
[1:02:36] | Royal realized that it was true. | 璇即意识到 事实确实如此 |
[1:02:44] | Why’d you do this to us, Royal? | 罗伊 你为什么这样骗我们? |
[1:02:47] | What was the point? | 目的是什么? |
[1:02:50] | I thought I could win you back. | 我以为我可以重新赢得你 |
[1:02:53] | And then I thought I could get rid of Henry… | 然后我又以为我可以甩掉亨利 |
[1:02:57] | and at least keep the status quo. | 最终保住地位 |
[1:02:59] | But we hadn’t spoken in seven years. | 可是我们都七年没讲话了 |
[1:03:01] | I know. | 我知道 |
[1:03:04] | Plus, uh… | 而且 |
[1:03:06] | I was broke. | 我一无所有了 |
[1:03:10] | And I got kicked out of my hotel. | 被酒店踢出来了 |
[1:03:12] | You’re a bastard. | 你真虚伪 |
[1:03:15] | Good-bye, Royal. | 罗伊 再见 |
[1:03:30] | Take it easy on those boys, Chassie. | 查斯 别把孩子们管得太紧 |
[1:03:33] | I don’t want this to happen to you. | 我可不想这些在你身上重演 |
[1:03:46] | You know, Richie, this illness, this closeness to death | 你知道,瑞琪, 这种病痛, 这种对死亡的迫近 |
[1:03:49] | has had a profound effect on me. | 我真是感受深刻 |
[1:03:51] | l-I feel like a different person, I really do. | 我 我真想变成另一个人 真的想 |
[1:03:54] | Dad, you were never dying. | 爸爸 你不会死的 |
[1:04:00] | But I’m going to live. | 我也想活下去 |
[1:04:13] | He’s not your father. | 他不是你爸爸 |
[1:04:15] | Neither are you. | 你也不是 |
[1:04:38] | ( taxi engine idling ) | |
[1:04:44] | ( dropping bags ) | |
[1:04:51] | You son of a bitch! | 狗娘养的 |
[1:04:53] | God…. damn… | 天啊…该死的… |
[1:04:58] | That’s the last time you put a knife in me, hear me? | 再不许你用刀刺我了 听到了吗? |
[1:05:05] | ( groans ) | |
[1:05:10] | The 375th Street Y, please. | 375街 Y |
[1:05:16] | ( grunts ) | |
[1:05:29] | Everyone’s against me. | 我众叛亲离 |
[1:05:32] | It’s your fault, man. | 你自找的 |
[1:05:34] | Yeah, I know, but damn it, I want this family to love me. | 是的 我知道 可是他妈的 我只要家人爱我呀 |
[1:05:37] | How much money you got? | 你有多少钱? |
[1:05:39] | I don’t have. | 没有 |
[1:05:40] | What, you’re broke? | 什么? 你破产了? |
[1:05:42] | You got to be kidding me. | 你跟我开玩笑吧 |
[1:05:44] | How are we going to pay for this room? | 那我们怎么付房租? |
[1:05:49] | All right, we’ll think of something. | 好吧 我们想想办法 |
[1:05:53] | Ow. | 嗷! |
[1:06:05] | ( singing quietly) | |
[1:06:11] | ( sighing ) | |
[1:06:12] | I’m not in love with you anymore. | 我不再爱你了 |
[1:06:17] | I didn’t know you ever were. | 你以前也没有爱过我 |
[1:06:20] | Let’s not make this any more difficult | 别把这个 |
[1:06:21] | than it already is. | 弄得好象很复杂 |
[1:06:25] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:06:28] | Okay, what? | 什么好的? |
[1:06:31] | Okay, I’m not in love with you, either. | 好的 我也不再爱你了 |
[1:06:35] | Yes, I know; you’re in love with Richie | 是的 我知道 你爱上瑞琪了 |
[1:06:39] | which is sick and gross. | 让人感到恶心、俗套 |
[1:06:45] | Do you send my mother your clippings… | 你送你的剪报给我妈妈 是吗? |
[1:06:49] | and your grades from college? | 还有你的大学成绩单 |
[1:06:53] | Please stop belittling me. | 可别看不起我 |
[1:07:04] | You never gave me the time of day | 你从没正眼看过我 |
[1:07:06] | till I started getting good reviews. | 直到我有了不错的书 |
[1:07:09] | Your reviews aren’t that good. | 你的书并非那么好 |
[1:07:12] | But the sales are. | 但是销量还不错 |
[1:07:18] | ( shutter clicks ) | |
[1:07:21] | Gentlemen… how much do you already know? | 先生 你已经知道多少了呢? |
[1:07:26] | Very little, I’m afraid. | 恐怕没多少 |
[1:07:29] | Would you like to examine the report? | 你要看看报告吗? |
[1:07:31] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:07:42] | ( driving rock intro ) | |
[1:07:44] | * Jackie is a punk, Judy is a runt * / Jackie is a punk, Judy is a runt / | |
[1:07:46] | * They both went down to Berlin, joined the lce Capades * / They both went down to Berlin, joined the Ice Capades / | |
[1:07:51] | * And, oh, I don’t know why * / And, oh, I don’t know why / | |
[1:07:53] | * Oh, I don’t know why * / Oh, I don’t know why / | |
[1:07:56] | * Perhaps they’ll die, oh, yeah * / Perhaps they’ll die, oh, yeah / | |
[1:07:58] | * Perhaps they’ll die * / Perhaps they’ll die / | |
[1:08:00] | * Oh, yeah * / Oh, yeah / | |
[1:08:01] | * Perhaps they’ll die, oh, yeah * / Perhaps they’ll die, oh, yeah / | |
[1:08:04] | * Perhaps they’ll die, oh, yeah * / Perhaps they’ll die, oh, yeah / | |
[1:08:06] | * Second verse, same as the first * / Second verse, same as the first / | |
[1:08:10] | * Jackie is a punk, Judy is a runt * / Jackie is a punk, Judy is a runt / | |
[1:08:12] | * They both went down to Berlin, joined the lce Capades * / They both went down to Berlin, joined the Ice Capades / | |
[1:08:16] | * And, oh, I don’t know why * / And, oh, I don’t know why / | |
[1:08:19] | * Oh, I don’t know why * / Oh, I don’t know why / | |
[1:08:21] | * Perhaps they’ll die, oh, yeah * / Perhaps they’ll die, oh, yeah / | |
[1:08:24] | * Perhaps they’ll die * / Perhaps they’ll die / | |
[1:08:25] | * Oh, yeah * / Oh, yeah / | |
[1:08:26] | * Perhaps they’ll die, oh, yeah * / Perhaps they’ll die, oh, yeah / | |
[1:08:29] | * Perhaps they’ll die, oh, yeah * / Perhaps they’ll die, oh, yeah / | |
[1:08:32] | ( kazoo solo ) | |
[1:08:42] | * Third verse, different from the first * / Third verse, different from the first / | |
[1:08:45] | * Jackie is a punk… * / Jackie is a punk… / | |
[1:08:54] | She smokes. | 她抽烟 |
[1:08:56] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:09:03] | All right, well. | 好的 |
[1:09:05] | Everything seems to be in order. | 看起来一切很好 |
[1:09:07] | I’ll contact you in the next 24 hours. | 我会在24小时之内和你联系的 |
[1:09:10] | I appreciate that. | 我很感激 |
[1:09:11] | Uh, which way are you leaning, by the way? | 呃 顺便问句 你们怎么通知我? |
[1:09:15] | I’ll inform you of my decision | 我会在适当的时候 |
[1:09:16] | at the appropriate time. | 告诉你我的决定 |
[1:09:17] | I get it. | 我懂了 |
[1:09:19] | Uh, Dusty, put in a good word for us, will you? | 呃 达斯, 为我们美言几句 好吗? |
[1:09:21] | I already did. | 我已经那么做了 |
[1:09:28] | You want to play some word games | 你要在我身上做一些字母游戏 |
[1:09:30] | or do some experiments on me or anything? | 或其他实验之类的吗? |
[1:09:33] | No. | 不 |
[1:09:37] | * Your hand on his arm * / Your hand on his arm / | |
[1:09:39] | * Haystack charm * / Haystack charm / | |
[1:09:41] | * Around your neck * / Around your neck / | |
[1:09:43] | * Strung out and thin * / Strung out and thin / | |
[1:09:45] | * Calling some friend, trying to cash some check * / Calling some friend, trying to cash some check / | |
[1:09:49] | * He’s acting dumb * / He’s acting dumb / | |
[1:09:52] | * That’s what you’ve come… to expect * / That’s what you’ve come… to expect / | |
[1:09:56] | * Needle in the hay * / Needle in the hay / | |
[1:10:01] | * Needle in the hay * / Needle in the hay / | |
[1:10:04] | * Needle in the hay * / Needle in the hay / | |
[1:10:08] | * Needle in the hay * / Needle in the hay / | |
[1:10:12] | ( medium tempo acoustic guitar solo ) | |
[1:10:25] | * He’s wearin’ your clothes * / He’s wearin’ your clothes / | |
[1:10:27] | * Head down to toes * / Head down to toes / | |
[1:10:29] | * A reaction to you * / A reaction to you / | |
[1:10:31] | * You say you know what he did * / You say you know what he did / | |
[1:10:33] | * But you idiot kid * / But you idiot kid / | |
[1:10:35] | * You don’t have a clue * / You don’t have a clue / | |
[1:10:38] | * Sometimes they just * / Sometimes they just / | |
[1:10:39] | * Get caught in the eye * / Get caught in the eye / | |
[1:10:41] | * You’re pulling him through * / You’re pulling him through / | |
[1:10:44] | * Needle in the hay * / Needle in the hay / | |
[1:10:48] | * Needle in the hay… * / Needle in the hay… / | |
[1:10:50] | ( whispering ): I’m going to kill myself tomorrow. | 我明天就要去自杀了…… |
[1:10:52] | * Needle in the hay * / Needle in the hay / | |
[1:10:56] | * Needle in the hay. * / Needle in the hay. / | |
[1:10:59] | ( acoustic guitar continues ) | |
[1:11:26] | ( no audio ) | |
[1:11:27] | ( acoustic guitar crescendos ) | |
[1:11:36] | ( tires squealing ) | |
[1:11:43] | Dudley, where is he? | 达德利 他在哪儿? |
[1:11:47] | Who? | 谁? |
[1:11:51] | He’ll probably sleep for several hours | 他可能再睡几个小时 |
[1:11:54] | and then I’ll come back to check on him. | 然后我会过来给他做检查 |
[1:11:56] | All right? | 好吗? |
[1:12:01] | How are you feeling? | 你感觉怎么样? |
[1:12:04] | Fine, thanks. | 很好 谢谢 |
[1:12:05] | Are you in any pain? | 你疼吗? |
[1:12:08] | Not really. | 不很疼 |
[1:12:09] | Why’d you try to kill yourself? | 你为什么要自杀? |
[1:12:11] | Don’t press him right now. | 现在别给他压力 |
[1:12:12] | I wrote a suicide note. | 我留了个遗嘱 |
[1:12:15] | You did? | 是吗? |
[1:12:16] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:12:17] | Right after I regained consciousness. | 就在我清醒过来的时候 |
[1:12:22] | Can we read it? | 可以看看吗? |
[1:12:24] | No. | 不 |
[1:12:25] | Can you paraphrase it for us? | 那大概意思是什么? |
[1:12:29] | I don’t think so. | 不 |
[1:12:31] | Is it dark? | 难以理解吗? |
[1:12:33] | Of course it’s dark. | 当然 |
[1:12:35] | It’s a suicide note. | 那是自杀遗嘱 |
[1:12:36] | All right, that’s enough. | 好 够了 |
[1:12:38] | Doctor said to let him sleep. | 医生说让他睡一会 |
[1:12:43] | What?! | 什么? |
[1:12:49] | Cover for us, will you, Dusty? | 达斯 为我们照一下好吗? |
[1:12:51] | Yes. Yes, Royal. | 好的好的罗伊 |
[1:13:03] | You’ve made a cuckold of me. | 你让我戴绿帽子了 |
[1:13:07] | I know. | 知道 |
[1:13:10] | Many times over. | 以前有很多次 |
[1:13:14] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[1:13:18] | And you nearly killed your poor brother. | 而且你几乎害死 你那可怜的弟弟了 |
[1:13:20] | ETHELINE: What’s he talking about? | 他说什么了? |
[1:13:23] | It doesn’t matter. | 那不重要了 |
[1:13:26] | She’s balling Eli Cash. | 她和伊莱.喀什媾和 |
[1:13:29] | ETHELINE: Oh, my goodness. | 哦 天哪 |
[1:13:34] | May I have a cigarette? | 我可以抽烟吗? |
[1:13:37] | What? | 什么? |
[1:13:40] | Shall I repeat the question? | 我要重复一遍吗? |
[1:13:43] | You don’t smoke. | 你不抽烟的 |
[1:13:46] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[1:13:50] | ( sighs ) | |
[1:13:59] | And a light. | 借个火 |
[1:14:09] | Au revoir. | 谢谢 |
[1:14:20] | ETHELINE: How long have you been a smoker? | 抽烟抽多久了? |
[1:14:24] | 22 years. | 22年了 |
[1:14:28] | Well, I think you should quit. | 我觉得你最好戒掉 |
[1:14:35] | ( door opens ) | |
[1:14:40] | How can I help? | 我可以帮什么忙吗? |
[1:14:44] | Let me look at these forms. | 我来看看这些表格 |
[1:14:59] | Oh, Henry. | 哦 亨利 |
[1:15:09] | Richie Tenenbaum, please. | 瑞琪.特伦鲍姆在哪个房? |
[1:15:11] | NURSE: Your name? | 你叫什么? |
[1:15:12] | Royal Tenenbaum. | 罗伊.特伦鲍姆 |
[1:15:13] | I’m afraid visiting hours are over, sir. | 先生,恐怕探视时间已过 |
[1:15:16] | Wh-Wh-What does it say there– they don’t want me? | 说,说,说什么了? 他们不要我了? |
[1:15:19] | l-I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[1:15:20] | I have to refer you to Dr. Burrows. | 我得先通报布柔医生 |
[1:15:22] | He’ll be in tomorrow afternoon. | 他明天下午在 |
[1:15:25] | ( mumbles ) | |
[1:15:38] | We could shimmy up that gutter | 我们可以顺着排水沟 |
[1:15:40] | jump over that window ledge | 跳过窗户边 |
[1:15:42] | and then, uh, pry open that ventilator shaft. | 然后,呃,撬开排气扇 |
[1:15:45] | There he is. | 他在那儿 |
[1:15:47] | Richie! | 瑞琪 |
[1:15:50] | Richie. | 瑞琪 |
[1:15:54] | Where’s he going? | 他要去哪儿? |
[1:15:58] | Richie! | 瑞琪! |
[1:16:10] | Well, I have to say | 我得说 |
[1:16:12] | he didn’t look half bad for a suicide. | 无论如何他看起来 |
[1:16:15] | Attempted, anyway. | 还不如自杀者一半糟糕呢 |
[1:16:18] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:16:21] | * Please * / Please / | |
[1:16:23] | * Give me second grace * / Give me second grace / | |
[1:16:29] | * Please * / Please / | |
[1:16:31] | * Give me a second face * / Give me a second face / | |
[1:16:38] | * I’ve fallen far down * / I’ve fallen far down / | |
[1:16:41] | * The first time around * / The first time around / | |
[1:16:45] | * Now I just sit on the ground in your way * / Now I just sit on the ground in your way / | |
[1:16:58] | * Now * ( on record player): / Now / | |
[1:17:01] | * If it’s time for recompense * / If it’s time for recompense / | |
[1:17:03] | * For what’s done… * / For what’s done… / | |
[1:17:05] | MARGOT: Who’s there? | 谁? |
[1:17:07] | * Come * / Come / | |
[1:17:09] | * Come sit down on the fence in the sun… * / Come sit down on the fence in the sun… / | |
[1:17:12] | Hello? | 喂? |
[1:17:15] | * And the clouds will roll by * / And the clouds will roll by / | |
[1:17:19] | * And we’ll never deny– * / And we’ll never deny– / | |
[1:17:22] | ( needle lifts from record ) | |
[1:17:25] | ( tent flap opens ) | |
[1:17:30] | W-What are you doing in my tent? | 你,你在我帐篷里干吗? |
[1:17:33] | Just listening to some records. | 就听一下录音带 |
[1:17:36] | Aren’t you supposed to be in the hospital? | 你不是应该呆在医院里的吗? |
[1:17:39] | I checked myself out. | 我自己出院了 |
[1:17:54] | ( rock intro playing on organ ) | |
[1:18:03] | How many stitches did you get? | 你缝了几针? |
[1:18:07] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[1:18:09] | You want to see? | 你要看吗? |
[1:18:12] | * They seem to stay for day after day * / They seem to stay for day after day / | |
[1:18:17] | * And won’t disappear… * / And won’t disappear… / | |
[1:18:18] | Jesus. | 天啊! |
[1:18:19] | * I tried every way… * / I tried every way… / | |
[1:18:21] | Richie, that looks horrible. | 瑞琪,看起来很恐怖 |
[1:18:25] | I heard about your ex-husband. | 我听说了你的前夫 |
[1:18:29] | Desmond? | 德蒙? |
[1:18:30] | I guess so. | 我不知道他的名字 |
[1:18:31] | I didn’t get his name. | 是的 |
[1:18:33] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:18:34] | I met him in the ocean. | 我在海上遇到他 |
[1:18:37] | I was swimming | 我在游泳 |
[1:18:38] | and he came out to me in a canoe. | 然后他乘小舟出现了 |
[1:18:41] | We were only married nine days. | 我们的婚姻维持了九天 |
[1:18:43] | And I heard about Eli. | 我也听说了伊莱 |
[1:18:45] | I know. | 我知道 |
[1:18:46] | Poor Eli. | 可怜的伊莱 |
[1:18:51] | Anyway, they mostly just talked about you. | 无论如何 我们大多数时间都在谈你 |
[1:18:54] | They did? | 是吗? |
[1:18:57] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:19:00] | I guess that was the attraction, if you know what I mean. | 我想 那就是吸引我的地方 如果你明白我的意思的话 |
[1:19:05] | * She smiled sweetly * / She smiled sweetly / | |
[1:19:09] | * She smiled sweetly * / She smiled sweetly / | |
[1:19:12] | * And says don’t worry… * / And says don’t worry… / | |
[1:19:15] | I have to tell you something. | 我得跟你说下 |
[1:19:17] | What’s that? | 什么? |
[1:19:19] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[1:19:25] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[1:19:31] | * There’s no use tryin’ * / There’s no use tryin’ / | |
[1:19:35] | * You’re here * / You’re here / | |
[1:19:38] | * Begin again * / Begin again / | |
[1:19:42] | * And o’er again * / And o’er again / | |
[1:19:46] | * That’s what she said so softly… * / That’s what she said so softly… / | |
[1:19:51] | I can’t stop thinking about you. | 我无时不刻在想你 |
[1:19:54] | I went away for a year, and it only got worse | 我离开一年 结果情况更糟糕 |
[1:19:57] | and I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么办 |
[1:19:59] | Let’s lie down for a minute. | 我们躺一会吧 |
[1:20:06] | ( sighs ) | |
[1:20:08] | * She smiled sweetly * / She smiled sweetly / | |
[1:20:10] | * She smiled sweetly… * / She smiled sweetly… / | |
[1:20:12] | This is the sleeping bag | 这是那个我们带去博物馆的睡袋 |
[1:20:15] | we took to the museum, isn’t it. | 我们把它带到过博物馆 不是吗? |
[1:20:18] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯 |
[1:20:21] | * Oh, no, no, no… * / Oh, no, no, no… / | |
[1:20:23] | Why’d you do it? | 为什么你要这么做呢? |
[1:20:25] | Because of me? | 因为我吗? |
[1:20:28] | Yeah, but it’s not your fault. | 是的 但不是你的错 |
[1:20:34] | ( song ends ) | |
[1:20:36] | You’re not going to do it again, are you? | 你再不会干傻事了 是吗? |
[1:20:39] | I doubt it. | 不知道 |
[1:20:43] | * She would never say * / She would never say / | |
[1:20:46] | * Where she came from… * / Where she came from… / | |
[1:20:48] | ( crying quietly) | |
[1:20:52] | * Yesterday don’t matter * / Yesterday don’t matter / | |
[1:20:55] | * If it’s gone * / If it’s gone / | |
[1:21:02] | * While the sun is bright * / While the sun is bright / | |
[1:21:05] | * Or in the darkest night * / Or in the darkest night / | |
[1:21:09] | * No one knows… * / No one knows… / | |
[1:21:10] | I think we’re just going to have to be | 我想我们只有 |
[1:21:12] | secretly in love with each other | 偷偷相爱 |
[1:21:14] | and leave it at that, Richie. | 然后离开 瑞琪 |
[1:21:20] | * Good-bye, Ruby Tuesday * / Good-bye, Ruby Tuesday / | |
[1:21:24] | * Who could hang a name on you? * / Who could hang a name on you? / | |
[1:21:29] | * When you change with every new day * / When you change with every new day / | |
[1:21:33] | * Still I’m gonna miss you… * / Still I’m gonna miss you… / | |
[1:21:36] | Lobby floor. | 走廊到了 |
[1:21:38] | ( song continues softly in background ) | |
[1:21:41] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢 先生 |
[1:21:48] | Going up? | 要上去吗? |
[1:21:50] | Yeah. | 是 |
[1:21:52] | What floor, sir? | 哪一层 先生? |
[1:21:53] | Doesn’t matter. | 随便 |
[1:22:03] | So, you’re elevator operators now? | 现在,你是电梯先生了? |
[1:22:04] | Yeah, just started. | 是的 刚刚开始 |
[1:22:06] | We’ll get a bump as soon as we join the union. | 我们加入工会后 会涨工资 |
[1:22:08] | ( song fades out) | |
[1:22:09] | What made you decide to do that? | 你怎么决定要做这个? |
[1:22:11] | We’re broke. | 我们一无所有了 |
[1:22:13] | But in answer to your question | 但是你想我这样回答 |
[1:22:16] | I wanted to prove | 我要证明 |
[1:22:17] | I could pay my dues, and whatnot. | 我可以自己缴税以及其他 |
[1:22:19] | I just hope somebody notices. | 我希望有人能注意到这些 |
[1:22:24] | You asked me why I choked out there that day. | 你问我哪天为什么发挥失常 |
[1:22:28] | I think I may know the answer | 我想我知道答案了 |
[1:22:30] | and I wanted your advice. | 我需要你的建议 |
[1:22:32] | Sure. | 当然 |
[1:22:42] | Margot Tenenbaum? | 玛格特.特伦鲍姆? |
[1:22:44] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:22:45] | Well, since when? | 什么时候开始的? |
[1:22:47] | Since always. | 一直以来 |
[1:22:50] | Does she know? | 她知道吗? |
[1:22:51] | Uh-huh. | 嗯 |
[1:22:52] | Well, what does she feel about that? | 她有什么感受? |
[1:22:56] | I think she feels confused. | 我想 她很困惑 |
[1:22:57] | Well, I can understand that. | 我能理解 |
[1:22:58] | It’s probably illegal. | 那不合常理 |
[1:23:00] | I don’t think so. | 我不认为 |
[1:23:01] | We’re not related by blood. | 我们没有血缘关系 |
[1:23:03] | That’s true. | 那是 |
[1:23:05] | Still frowned upon. | 却还是不行 |
[1:23:07] | But then, what isn’t these days, right? | 所以, 这些天以来没有继续吧? |
[1:23:20] | I don’t know, maybe it works. | 我也不知道 也许还在继续呀 |
[1:23:21] | Why not, what the hell. | 为什么不呢 他妈的 |
[1:23:23] | You love each other. | 你们互相爱慕 |
[1:23:24] | Nobody knows what’s going to happen, so… | 谁知道会发生什么呢 所以…… |
[1:23:27] | You know something. | 你知道吗? |
[1:23:30] | Don’t listen to me. | 别听我的 |
[1:23:33] | I never understood her myself. | 我从来就没搞懂她 |
[1:23:35] | I never understood any of us. | 我也不懂我们中的任何人 |
[1:23:37] | I wish I could tell you what to do | 我希望我可以告诉你怎么做 |
[1:23:39] | but I just can’t. | 但是我不能 |
[1:23:42] | That’s okay. | 没关系 |
[1:23:43] | No, it’s not. | 不 |
[1:23:47] | You still consider me your father? | 你还是把我当父亲吗? |
[1:23:50] | Sure, I do. | 当然 是的 |
[1:23:54] | I wish I had more to offer in that department. | 真希望我能尽更多作父亲的责任 |
[1:23:58] | I know you do, Pop. | 爸,我知道你尽力了 |
[1:24:06] | I don’t blame you, by the way. | 对了 不要自责啊 |
[1:24:08] | Uh, she’s a great-looking girl | 呃……她是的很好看的姑娘 |
[1:24:11] | and smart as a whip. | 象点心一样可爱 |
[1:24:12] | Mordecai. | 莫地卡 |
[1:24:14] | * Stephanie says that she wants to know * / Stephanie says that she wants to know / | |
[1:24:21] | * Why she’s given half her life * / Why she’s given half her life / | |
[1:24:26] | * To people she hates now… * / To people she hates now… / | |
[1:24:30] | Holy shit. | 哦 妈的 |
[1:24:33] | You came back. | 你回来了 |
[1:24:37] | Jiminy crickets. | 这只鬼鸟脑袋里肯定有雷达 |
[1:24:37] | That damn bird must have radar in its brain. | |
[1:24:40] | Is that true, Mordecai? | 是你吗,莫的卡? |
[1:24:41] | l-I’m not so sure this is Mordecai. | 我,我不太肯定它是不是莫的卡 |
[1:24:43] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[1:24:45] | He flew right in here. | 它刚好飞到这里 |
[1:24:46] | This bird has much more white feathers on him. | 这只鸟身上多些白毛 |
[1:24:51] | Oh, the son of a bitch must be molting. | 哦 狗娘养的 它一定换毛了 |
[1:24:54] | Oh. I need your help with something else. | 帮我个忙 |
[1:24:57] | You got it. What’s the situation? | 你说 什么事? |
[1:24:59] | Well, um, I think Eli maybe… | 恩 我想伊莱也许…… |
[1:25:00] | Hold it. | 等下 |
[1:25:02] | Pagoda, meet me in the lobby. | 塔叔 在走廊等我 |
[1:25:04] | Let’s hit it. | 我们揍他 |
[1:25:06] | ( shoves lever, elevator speeds up ) | |
[1:25:08] | I didn’t mean right this second, but… that’s okay. | 我不是说现在就要 不过 好的! |
[1:25:11] | I don’t think it was Ramses. | 我觉得不是拉姆齐 |
[1:25:14] | I believe it was Tootinkamen. | 我相信是杜门卡门 |
[1:25:15] | Tutankhamen. | 杜唐卡门 |
[1:25:16] | Tutankhamen? | 杜唐卡门? |
[1:25:18] | Yes. Tutankhamen. | 是的,杜唐卡门 |
[1:25:19] | ( knock at door) | |
[1:25:21] | ( “Rock the Casbah” playing in background ) | |
[1:25:24] | Yes? | 谁啊? |
[1:25:30] | Hey, Richie. | 嘿,瑞琪 |
[1:25:40] | We want to take you to get some help. | 我们要你帮个忙 |
[1:25:44] | Is it just you guys? | 就你们这些家伙吗? |
[1:25:46] | ROYAL: Would you | 你们可以回避一下吗? |
[1:25:48] | excuse us, please? | |
[1:25:52] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:26:00] | ( turns music off) | |
[1:26:02] | Are we still friends? | 我们还是朋友吗? |
[1:26:06] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[1:26:07] | Are we? | 我们? |
[1:26:09] | Of course. | 当然 |
[1:26:10] | How can you even ask me that? | 你怎么能问我这些呢? |
[1:26:12] | Well, it doesn’t matter. | 好的,没什么 |
[1:26:13] | It doesn’t matter? | 没什么? |
[1:26:14] | It does matter. | 没什么 |
[1:26:16] | I heard about you and Margot. | 我听说了你和玛格特的事了 |
[1:26:29] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[1:26:30] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道说什么好 |
[1:26:31] | You don’t have to say anything. | 你什么都不用说 |
[1:26:33] | I always wanted to be a Tenenbaum, you know. | 你知道 我一直想成为特伦鲍姆家族的一员 |
[1:26:38] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[1:26:39] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[1:26:40] | ELI: ‘Cause it doesn’t mean | 这并不意味着和以前一样 |
[1:26:43] | what it used to though, does it? | 虽然……是吗? |
[1:26:46] | I wish he’d done this for me when I was a kid. | 我从孩提起就这么希望了 |
[1:26:50] | But you didn’t have a drug problem then. | 但你那时没有吸毒 |
[1:26:54] | Yeah, but it would’ve meant a lot to me. | 是的 但是那对我已不那么重要了 |
[1:26:57] | Anyway, I’m glad you’re here now. | 无论如何 我很高兴你来这里 |
[1:26:59] | I recognize that I have a problem… | 我意识到 我还有个事儿 |
[1:27:02] | and I want to get better. | 我得办了 |
[1:27:08] | I’ll just grab my stuff. | 我会解开心绪的 |
[1:27:20] | There he goes. | 他走了 |
[1:27:22] | What?! | 他跑了 |
[1:27:23] | There he goes. | 他走了 |
[1:27:24] | Tucker! | 探克! |
[1:27:26] | Skiddly, skiddly. | 快溜 快闪 |
[1:27:28] | ( mumbles incoherently) | |
[1:27:30] | (“Christmas Time is Here” playing ) | |
[1:27:34] | * Christmastime is here * / Christmastime is here / | |
[1:27:39] | * Happiness and cheer… * / Happiness and cheer… / | |
[1:27:41] | I’d like to order some ice cream for my daughter, please. | 我想为给女儿要个冰淇淋 |
[1:27:45] | What would you like, Margot? | 玛格特你想吃什么? |
[1:27:46] | Nothing. I told you I have to go in five minutes. | 不用 我告诉过你我5分钟后离开 |
[1:27:49] | Oh. | 哦 |
[1:27:52] | ( quiet sigh ) | |
[1:27:54] | I’ll have a butterscotch sundae, I guess. | 我想要个奶油圣代 |
[1:28:02] | Your brother’s all torn up inside. | 你弟弟的心都被连根抽出了 |
[1:28:05] | Well, so am l, but I’m not going to discuss it with you. | 我也是 但不是来和你讨论这个的 |
[1:28:10] | Oh… | 噢… |
[1:28:12] | Can’t somebody be a shit their whole life | 有些人的生活一团糟 |
[1:28:14] | and try to repair the damage? | 难道你应该去试着改善吗? |
[1:28:15] | l-I mean, I think people want to hear that. | 我 我是说 我认为人们想知道! |
[1:28:19] | Do they? | 是吗? |
[1:28:20] | Mmm. | 嗯 |
[1:28:21] | You probably don’t even know | 你可能还不知道 |
[1:28:23] | my middle name. | 我的中间名字 |
[1:28:28] | That’s a trick question. | 骗人的小把戏 |
[1:28:31] | You don’t have one. | 你没有中间的名字 |
[1:28:32] | Helen. | 海伦 |
[1:28:34] | That was my mother’s name. | 那是我妈妈的名字 |
[1:28:37] | I know it was. | 我知道 |
[1:28:54] | Anybody interested in grabbing a couple burgers | 有人愿意搞到两个汉堡 |
[1:28:56] | and hitting the cemetery? | 再去公墓吗? |
[1:29:07] | ( solemn organ music plays ) | |
[1:29:16] | ( Royal whistles ) | |
[1:29:20] | I got something for you, Ethel. | 艾瑟 我有东西给你 |
[1:29:22] | Actually, I made it. | 事实上 是我弄的 |
[1:29:24] | What’s this? | 什么? |
[1:29:25] | It’s a divorce. | 离婚协议 |
[1:29:27] | From you? | 你签过名的? |
[1:29:29] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:29:30] | This is Sanchez. | 这是桑切子 |
[1:29:31] | He’s a notary public. | 来公证的 |
[1:29:32] | -Hello. -Hello, sir. | -你好 -你好 先生 |
[1:29:33] | You just sign here | 你签在这儿 |
[1:29:34] | and initial here and sign there. | 从这里开始 在这里签名 |
[1:29:39] | You own this building, don’t you, Henry? | 你拥有这所别墅 不是吗 亨利? |
[1:29:41] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[1:29:44] | It’s magnificent. | 好华丽啊 |
[1:29:46] | I used to be a homeowner myself | 我以前也有自己的房子 |
[1:29:48] | until our son expropriated it from me. | 直到我们的儿子把它没收了 |
[1:29:52] | I got to catch my bus. | 我要赶公车了 |
[1:29:53] | Thanks, Sanchez. | 桑切子会处理文件的 |
[1:29:54] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[1:29:55] | ETHELINE: Are we divorced? | 马上 |
[1:29:57] | Almost. | 差不多. |
[1:29:58] | Sanchez just has to file the papers. | 桑切子会处理文件的 |
[1:30:01] | I love you, Etheline. | 我爱你 艾瑟琳. |
[1:30:02] | Congratulations to both of you. | 恭喜你们两个 |
[1:30:05] | I didn’t think so much of him at first. | 对他 我开始可没这么想 |
[1:30:07] | But now I get it. | 但是现在我释然了 |
[1:30:08] | He’s everything that I’m not. | 他具有我没有的一切 |
[1:30:12] | ( chuckles ) | |
[1:30:14] | Take back Pagoda, will you? | 轻松点 |
[1:30:17] | ( bus drives off) | |
[1:30:25] | ( string quartet tuning ) | |
[1:30:29] | ( playing classical music ) | |
[1:30:51] | Uh, slightly uneven. | 要回塔叔,好吗? |
[1:30:52] | Looks okay. You’re just nervous. | 看起来很好 你太紧张了 |
[1:30:56] | Henry? | |
[1:30:56] | ( knocking ) | 亨利? |
[1:30:57] | Hello, Richie. | 你好,瑞琪 |
[1:30:58] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[1:31:00] | This is my son, Walter Sherman. | 这是我儿子 华特.舒蔓 |
[1:31:01] | Hi, Walter. Nice to meet you. | 嗨 华特 很高兴见到你 |
[1:31:04] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你. |
[1:31:06] | Henry’s your dad? | 亨利是你父亲? |
[1:31:07] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[1:31:09] | So you’ve been married before. | 所以你以前结过婚 |
[1:31:11] | Yes. I’m a widower. | 是的 我是鳏夫 |
[1:31:14] | Oh, yeah. | 噢 是的 |
[1:31:16] | I forgot. | 我忘了 |
[1:31:21] | You know, I’m a widower myself. | 你知道 我自己也是鳏夫 |
[1:31:27] | I know you are, Chas. | 我知道 查斯 |
[1:31:30] | ( plastic rattling Against teeth ) | |
[1:31:33] | What are you chewing on? | 你在嚼什么? |
[1:31:35] | My nicotine inhaler. | 我的尼古丁过滤器 |
[1:31:37] | It’s supposed to help me quit. | 它可以帮我戒烟 |
[1:31:39] | Is it working? | 有效吗? |
[1:31:41] | Not really. | 不太有效 |
[1:31:48] | Well, of course, I’m half Hebrew | 当然 我是半个犹太人 |
[1:31:49] | but the children are three-quarters Mick Catholic. | 但是我的孩子是四分之三的天主教徒 |
[1:31:52] | So they were raised in the church? | 那他们在教堂养大吗? |
[1:31:54] | I believe so. | 我相信是的 |
[1:31:56] | I really don’t know. | 事实上我并不清楚 |
[1:31:58] | ( tires squealing ) | |
[1:32:00] | ( engine roaring ) | |
[1:32:08] | Here I come. | 我来了 |
[1:32:13] | Boys! | 孩子们 |
[1:32:15] | ( scream and crash ) | |
[1:32:17] | What was that? | 发生什么了? |
[1:32:20] | Eli just crashed his car into the front of the house. | 伊莱把他的车撞到了房子上 |
[1:32:22] | Oh, my God. | 哦 天哪 |
[1:32:33] | Where’s my shoe? | 我的鞋子呢? |
[1:32:39] | Ari, Uzi, where are you? | 阿里尤滋 你们在哪儿? |
[1:32:41] | They’re okay, Chas. | 查斯 他们很好 |
[1:32:42] | It’s okay. They’re safe. | 没事 他们很安全 |
[1:32:44] | They’re safe. | 很安全 |
[1:32:45] | Dad, they ran over Buckley. | 爸爸 他们从巴克利身上碾过 |
[1:32:46] | What? | 什么? |
[1:32:47] | Yeah, I think we lost Buckley. | 是的 我想我们失去巴克利了 |
[1:32:49] | He saved them. | 他救了他们 |
[1:32:50] | Who? | 谁? |
[1:32:51] | Dad. He pulled them out of the way. | 爸爸 他把孩子们推开 |
[1:32:53] | You did? | 是吗? |
[1:32:57] | Did I hit anyone? | 我撞上谁了吗? |
[1:32:58] | Is everybody okay? | 大家都还好吗? |
[1:33:09] | Eli! | 伊莱 |
[1:33:11] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事了? |
[1:33:12] | ( mumbles ) | |
[1:33:19] | ( yells ) | |
[1:33:21] | CHAS: Eli! | 伊莱 |
[1:33:23] | What? | 什么? |
[1:33:27] | Hey, man. | 嘿 小伙 |
[1:33:28] | You should try this. It’s very tasty. | 你该尝尝这个 很美味 |
[1:33:36] | ( screaming ) | |
[1:33:40] | ( groaning ) | |
[1:33:44] | ( groaning ) | |
[1:33:49] | ( screaming ) | |
[1:33:51] | ELI: Tenenbaum! | 特伦鲍姆! |
[1:33:53] | ( gasping ) | |
[1:33:55] | Chas? | 查斯? |
[1:34:07] | ( grunts ) | |
[1:34:21] | Did I hit the dog? | 我撞到狗了吗? |
[1:34:23] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:34:28] | Is he dead? | 死了吗? |
[1:34:30] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:34:35] | I need help. | 我需要帮助 |
[1:34:38] | So do l. | 我也是 |
[1:34:46] | Go around to the other side. | 到那边去! |
[1:34:49] | ROYAL: You kids stay there. | 你们孩子呆在这儿 |
[1:34:50] | We’ll be right back. | 我们马上回来 |
[1:34:51] | HENRY: Yeah. | 好的 |
[1:34:55] | Can I say something to you, Henry? | 我可以跟你说点什么吗,亨利? |
[1:34:57] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:34:58] | I’ve always been considered an asshole | 从我记事起 |
[1:35:00] | for about as long as I can remember. | 我一直被认为是混球 |
[1:35:01] | That’s just my style. | 我就是那样的! |
[1:35:03] | But I’d really feel blue | 但我还是感到很伤心 |
[1:35:04] | if I didn’t think you were going to forgive me. | 如果我不是觉得你会原谅我 |
[1:35:06] | I don’t think you’re an asshole, Royal. | 罗伊,我不觉得你是混球 |
[1:35:09] | I just think you’re kind of a son of a bitch. | 我只是觉得你有点……狗娘养的 |
[1:35:12] | Well, I really appreciate that. | 我很感谢你 |
[1:35:15] | ( sirens approaching ) | |
[1:35:17] | Could you let us in your backyard, ma’am? | 嬷嬷,你可以让我们去一下后院吗? |
[1:35:19] | We’ve got a couple boys back there. | 我们有两个男孩在哪儿 |
[1:35:21] | I think you may have broken an ankle. | 我想你可能扭伤了脚踝 |
[1:35:23] | Well, that’s not terribly serious, is it? | 还不是特别严重,是吗? |
[1:35:26] | Do you have an alternate? | 有候补的吗? |
[1:35:28] | No. | 没有 |
[1:35:29] | Ready? | 准备好了吗? |
[1:35:31] | Are there priests on call? | 有什么别的牧师的电话吗? |
[1:35:33] | Why don’t you bring the car around, Anwar. | 你为什么不把车弄走? |
[1:35:35] | At which point, I apparently lost control of the vehicle | 不知怎么的 很明显我控制不住车子 |
[1:35:38] | smashed it into the house, and killed that poor dog. | 撞到房子上 压死了那条狗 |
[1:35:41] | You’re Eli Cash. | 你是伊莱.喀什 |
[1:35:43] | Yes indeed, I am. | 确实是的 |
[1:35:45] | I love your work. | 我喜欢你的书 |
[1:35:46] | Oh, how sweet of you to say. | 哦,你的话真暖心 |
[1:35:48] | DISPATCHER ( on radio ): 78-35, Code Six. | 78-35, 6号 |
[1:35:50] | 105 North Sandler… | 靠北105度 |
[1:35:52] | ROYAL: I think he’s part mutt. | 他觉得它是杂种犬 |
[1:35:54] | What kind of papers do you have for him? | 你给它办什么证件了? |
[1:35:58] | Spark Plug, sit, sit. | 小花点,坐下,坐下 |
[1:36:00] | Good boy. | 好孩子 |
[1:36:05] | Put this on. | 戴上 |
[1:36:08] | ( laughs ) | |
[1:36:10] | What’s so funny, Dudley? | 打德利,有这么好笑吗? |
[1:36:11] | You look great. | 你看起来不错 |
[1:36:13] | ( laughing ) | |
[1:36:15] | DUSTY: Can you see out of it? | 你看的见吗? |
[1:36:17] | Not really. | 不太清楚 |
[1:36:18] | Uh-huh. Minor corneal damage. | 呃,眼球角膜受损 |
[1:36:20] | Page me if it spreads to the other eye. | 如果感染到另只眼睛要告诉我 |
[1:36:24] | ( sirens approaching ) | 我该把谁弄出去? |
[1:36:25] | Who do I make it out to? | Alex? 好的 |
[1:36:25] | Alex? Okay. | |
[1:36:27] | ( fire engine horn blasting ) | |
[1:36:28] | But these aren’t structure- bearing elements, Dad. | 爸爸 车架子支持不了零件了 |
[1:36:31] | It doesn’t matter. | 没关系 |
[1:36:32] | It’s still best to file another force majeure | 最好再去申请 |
[1:36:34] | and recoup the deductible. | 不可抗拒因素造成的损坏而获得赔偿 |
[1:36:35] | ( horn blasting ) | |
[1:36:37] | ( background radio communication ) | |
[1:36:40] | You boys come up here with me. | 孩子们跟我过来 |
[1:36:43] | But Buckley’s still under there. | 可巴克利还在下面 |
[1:36:45] | I know, but there’s nothing we can do for him at the moment. | 我知道 可是现在我们无能为力 |
[1:36:50] | ( quietly): Come on. | 来 |
[1:36:55] | I got you a new dog for the boys. | 我给孩子们又带了只狗 |
[1:36:58] | I just bought him. | 刚买的 |
[1:37:00] | You did? | 是吗? |
[1:37:02] | Sorry I let you down, Chas. | 很抱歉,让你这么憎恨我 |
[1:37:04] | All of you. | 你们都恨我 |
[1:37:06] | I been trying to make it up to you. | 我想弥补 |
[1:37:15] | What’s his name? | 它叫什么? |
[1:37:17] | Spark Plug. | 小花点 |
[1:37:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:37:24] | You’re welcome. | 别客气 |
[1:37:29] | I’ve had a rough year, Dad. | 爸爸 我这一年来过的挺难的 |
[1:37:31] | I know you have, Chassie. | 我明白 查斯 |
[1:37:40] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[1:37:55] | ( fluttering ) | |
[1:37:57] | ( soft chirping ) | |
[1:38:03] | RICHIE: See, now he has | 看 它现在 |
[1:38:04] | more white feathers on his neck. | 颈上的白毛比过去多些 |
[1:38:09] | I wonder what happened to him? | 我想知道它怎么了 |
[1:38:12] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[1:38:13] | Sometimes if a person has a traumatic experience | 有的人经过创伤 |
[1:38:16] | their hair turns white. | 就长白头发 |
[1:38:19] | Well, I’m sure he’ll get over it. | 我肯定 它会好起来的 |
[1:38:38] | This was one of my first hiding places. | 起初我都藏在这种地方 |
[1:38:45] | How old do you think those are? | 这个放多久了? |
[1:38:49] | I’d say about ten years. | 我估计十年 |
[1:38:53] | Come here. | 过来 |
[1:38:58] | ( soft chirping ) | |
[1:39:19] | ( gentle melody plays on acoustic guitar) | |
[1:39:29] | NARRATOR: Royal dug a hole for Buckley behind the garden shed | 罗伊在花园角落里给巴克利挖了洞 |
[1:39:33] | and buried him in a canvas duffel bag. | 把它放在帆布包里埋了 |
[1:39:35] | All right, boys. | 好了 孩子们 |
[1:39:36] | Say a prayer. | 祈祷 |
[1:39:37] | Dear Heavenly Father… | 亲爱的天主 |
[1:39:39] | I do. | 我愿意 |
[1:39:40] | Etheline and Henry were married | 登记后48小时 |
[1:39:43] | 48 hours later in judge’s chambers. | 艾瑟儿和亨利举行了婚礼 |
[1:39:46] | Margot’s new play was produced at the Cavendish Theatre. | 玛格特的新戏在卡文迪许剧院上映 |
[1:39:52] | This is my adopted daughter, Elaine Levinson. | 这是我的养女 伊蕾.莱文森 |
[1:39:56] | ( chuckling ) | |
[1:39:58] | It ran for just under two weeks and received mixed reviews. | 上映不足两周 收到各种评论 |
[1:40:02] | Yes, can the boy tell time? | 这个男孩会认时间吗? |
[1:40:05] | Oh, my Lord, no. | 哦 主啊 他不会 |
[1:40:07] | No. No. | 不 |
[1:40:09] | Raleigh and Dudley went on a lecture tour | 瑞内和达德利在11所大学 |
[1:40:11] | to 11 universities | 为宣传新书 |
[1:40:12] | in the promotion of their new book. | 做了巡回演讲 |
[1:40:14] | ( audience applause ) | |
[1:40:18] | Eli checked himself into a rehabilitation hospital | 伊莱把自己送进了位于北达科他 |
[1:40:20] | in North Dakota. | 的戒毒恢复治疗中心 |
[1:40:22] | Oh, hey, this is my sponsor, Runs With Two Horses. | 哦 这是我的动力 |
[1:40:26] | Wind’s blowing up a gale today. | 今天刮大风 |
[1:40:29] | This is the grip that Rod Laver used. | 罗德.雷维就是这么握的 |
[1:40:31] | Are you familiar with Laver? | 你们知道罗德.雷维吗? |
[1:40:32] | Richie started a program | 瑞琪在375街Y开班授课 |
[1:40:34] | teaching competitive tennis to eight-to-12 year olds | 教8到12岁的小孩子 |
[1:40:38] | at the 375th Street Y. | 打网球比赛 |
[1:40:40] | Game. Change sides. | 比赛 换场地 |
[1:40:47] | ( hooting, hollering, and laughing ) | |
[1:40:53] | Royal had a heart attack at the age of 68. | 罗伊68岁的时候得了心脏病 |
[1:41:00] | Chas rode with him in the ambulance | 查斯在救护车上陪护 |
[1:41:02] | and was the only witness to his father’s death. | 并且是他父亲死亡的唯一见证人 |
[1:41:09] | In his will, he stipulated | 照他的遗愿 |
[1:41:11] | that his funeral take place at dusk. | 约定葬礼在黄昏举行 |
[1:41:28] | ( music ends ) | |
[1:41:47] | Among the few possessions he left to his heirs | 在他几无一物的财物中 |
[1:41:51] | was a set of Encyclopedia Britannica | 他留给子嗣的是 |
[1:41:54] | in storage at the Lindbergh Palace Hotel | 他以阿里和尤滋名义存放在林伯皇宫大酒店 |
[1:41:57] | under the names Ari and Uzi Tenenbaum. | 的大不列颠百科全书 |
[1:42:00] | No one spoke at the funeral | 葬礼上大家都很沉默 |
[1:42:02] | and Father Petersen’s leg had not yet mended… | 彼得森神甫的腿还没有好…… |
[1:42:07] | but it was agreed among them | 但是大家一致同意 |
[1:42:09] | that Royal would have found the event | 罗伊一定会觉得 |
[1:42:12] | to be most satisfactory. | 一切很圆满! |
[1:42:17] | Fire! | 开火! |
[1:42:20] | Fire! | 开火! |
[1:42:24] | Fire! | 开火! |
[1:42:26] | ( harpsichord intro playing over rock beat) | |
[1:42:36] | * We shall walk again * / We shall walk again / | |
[1:42:40] | * All along the lane * / All along the lane / | |
[1:42:45] | * Down the avenue * / Down the avenue / | |
[1:42:50] | * Just like we used to * / Just like we used to / | |
[1:42:55] | * With our heads so high * / With our heads so high / | |
[1:42:59] | * Smile at passersby * / Smile at passersby / | |
[1:43:04] | * And we’ll softly sigh * / And we’ll softly sigh / | |
[1:43:08] | * Ai-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi * / Ai-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi / | |
[1:43:13] | * Everyone, everyone,everyone, everyone * / Everyone, everyone, everyone, everyone / | |
[1:43:17] | * Everyone, everyone, everyone,everyone * / Everyone, everyone, everyone, everyone / | |
[1:43:25] | * By the winding stream * / By the winding stream / | |
[1:43:30] | / We shall lay and dream / | * We shall lay and dream * *我们躺着 梦着* |
[1:43:35] | * And these dreams come true * / And these dreams come true / | |
[1:43:39] | * If we want them to * / If we want them to / | |
[1:43:44] | * Yes, all will come * / Yes, all will come / | |
[1:43:48] | * Playing pipes and drum * / Playing pipes and drum / | |
[1:43:53] | * Sing a happy song * / Sing a happy song / | |
[1:43:57] | * Yeah, we’ll sing along * / Yeah, we’ll sing along / | |
[1:44:02] | * Everyone, everyone, everyone, everyone * / Everyone, everyone, everyone, everyone / | |
[1:44:06] | * Everyone, everyone, everyone, everyone * / Everyone, everyone, everyone, everyone / | |
[1:44:32] | ( instrumental interlude ) | |
[1:44:44] | * We shall walk again * / We shall walk again / | |
[1:44:50] | * All along down the lane * / All along down the lane / | |
[1:44:54] | * Down the avenue * / Down the avenue / | |
[1:44:59] | * Just like we used to * / Just like we used to / | |
[1:45:04] | * With our heads so high * / With our heads so high / | |
[1:45:08] | * Smile at passersby * / Smile at passersby / | |
[1:45:13] | * And we’ll softly sigh * / And we’ll softly sigh / | |
[1:45:17] | * Ai-yi-yi-yi- yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi * / Ai-yi-yi-yi- yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi / | |
[1:45:21] | * Everyone, everyone, everyone, everyone * / Everyone, everyone, everyone, everyone / | |
[1:45:26] | * Everyone, everyone, everyone, everyone * / Everyone, everyone, everyone, everyone / | |
[1:45:33] | ( scatting ) | “特伦鲍姆一家” -=结束=- |
[1:45:47] | / Yeah, yeah, hey, yeah. / | |
[1:45:59] | ( gentle acoustic music continues ) |