英文名称:The Prestige
年代:2006
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:57] | Are you watching closely? | 你在仔细看吗? |
[01:05] | Every magic trick consists of three parts or acts. | 每一场魔术表演都有三个步骤 |
[01:10] | The first part is called the Pledge. | 第一个步骤是 “以虚代实” |
[01:13] | The magician shows you something ordinary… | 魔术师秀出一个真实的东西 |
[01:17] | a deck of cards, a bird, or a man. | 一副牌 一只鸟或一个人 |
[01:27] | He shows you this object… | 让你看这样东西 |
[01:29] | perhaps he asks you to inspect it… | 叫你检视它 |
[01:32] | to see that it is, indeed, real. | 看它的确是真的 |
[01:35] | Yeah, unaltered, normal. | 平常的不得了 |
[01:42] | But of course, it probably isn’t. | 但是 其中一定有假 |
[01:45] | – Where do you think you’re going? – I’m part of the bloody act, you fool. | – 你想去哪里?- 我是表演的一部分 猪头 |
[02:02] | The second act is called the Turn. | 第二个步骤是 “偷天换日” |
[02:19] | The magician takes the ordinary something… | 魔术师利用这个普通的东西 |
[02:24] | and makes it do something extraordinary. | 做出令人叹为观止的表演 |
[02:31] | Now, you’re looking for the secret, but you won’t find it… | 现在你很想找出秘诀 但是绝对找不到 |
[02:35] | because, of course, you’re not really looking. | 因为你根本没有真正在看 |
[02:39] | You don’t really wanna know. | 你并不是真的想知道 |
[02:44] | You want to be fooled. | 你想要被骗 |
[02:48] | But you wouldn’t clap yet… | 但是你还不会鼓掌 |
[02:51] | because making something disappear isn’t enough. | 因为把东西变不见还不够 |
[02:55] | You have to bring it back. | 你必须把它变回来 |
[03:00] | That’s why every magic trick has a third act. | 所以魔术都有第三个步骤 |
[03:04] | The hardest part. | 最难的部分 |
[03:06] | The part we call the Prestige. | 我们称之为 “化腐朽为神奇” |
[03:20] | The Prestige. And did Robert Angier, the Great Danton, your employer… | 罗伯特·安杰 你的雇主丹顿大师 |
[03:24] | get to that final part of his trick that night? | 那晚有完成表演吗? |
[03:27] | – No, sir. Something went wrong. – What went wrong? | – 没有 出了状况 – 出了什么状况? |
[03:30] | I saw someone making their way below stage. | 我看到有个人跑到舞台下方 |
[03:34] | I followed him. | 我跟踪他 |
[03:36] | It was Borden, watching Mr. Angier drown. | 那是波登 眼睁睁看着安先生溺死 |
[03:39] | Would you please describe your occupation to the jury, Mr. Cutter? | 柯特先生 请向陪审团说明你的职业 |
[03:43] | I’m an engineer. | 我是机关师 |
[03:44] | I design illusions and construct the apparatus necessary for performing them. | 设计魔术表演 打造需要的道具和机关 |
[03:48] | So, Mr. Cutter… | 柯先生 |
[03:50] | was this water-filled tank beneath the stage… | 舞台下方的水箱 |
[03:53] | part of Mr. Angier’s illusion? | 也是这个魔术的道具吗? |
[03:55] | No, no. It was… | 不 那是… |
[03:56] | The tank was brought on for the first trick and then taken off-stage. | 水箱是第一个表演用的 然后就被搬下台 |
[04:00] | Borden must have placed it under the trap door after the interval. | 一定是波登把它移到机关门底下了 |
[04:04] | How large was this tank? | 水箱有多大? |
[04:05] | Oh, it’s a normal tank for escape underwater, | 表演水底脱逃的一般大小 |
[04:08] | about 4 or 500 gallons. | 大约四五百加仑吧 |
[04:10] | How do you think Mr. Borden… | 波登怎么能一个人移动水箱 |
[04:12] | was able to move the tank under the trap door without anyone noticing? | 而没有让任何人发现? |
[04:15] | He’s a magician. Ask him. | 他是魔术师 你去问他 |
[04:17] | I ask again that this man explain the mechanics of Mr. Angier’s illusion. | 我要求你为我解释安先生的魔术机关 |
[04:22] | The Real Transported Man… | 真正的遁移术 |
[04:24] | is one of the most sought-after illusions in this business. | 是这一行最抢手的魔术 |
[04:27] | I have the right to sell it on. | 出售秘诀的权利在我手中 |
[04:29] | If I reveal the method here, then the trick is worthless. | 如果被揭穿 就不值钱了 |
[04:31] | How can we know that the tank wasn’t some part of the trick that went wrong? | 我们怎么知道水箱不只是单纯出错? |
[04:36] | Mr. Cutter, I see your predicament… | 柯特先生 我了解你的处境 |
[04:38] | but Alfred Borden’s life hangs in the balance. | 但是这攸关波登的生死 |
[04:41] | If you were prepared to disclose the details to me in private… | 如果你私底下向我透露细节 |
[04:44] | I might be able to judge their relevance to the case. | 我就能对此案做出中肯的判决 |
[04:47] | Might this be an acceptable compromise? | 你能接受这种妥协吗? |
[05:08] | I’m gonna have to ask you to turn out your pockets. | 麻烦你掏出口袋里的东西 |
[05:15] | Not my idea, sir. | 我不是故意找你碴 |
[05:17] | The warden saw his show in Manchester last year where he vanished into thin air. | 典狱长看过他凭空消失的表演 |
[05:21] | He’s convinced he’ll try and escape. | 他觉得他会企图逃狱 |
[05:27] | I told him the only way that Borden’s gonna disappear… | 我说他能逃走的唯一机会 |
[05:30] | is if I leave him out there with the other inmates. | 就是和其它囚犯混在一起 |
[05:38] | Check the locks. | 检查手铐的锁 |
[05:41] | Twice. | 检查两次 |
[05:50] | My name is Owens. | 我叫欧文 |
[05:52] | I’m a solicitor. | 我是一名律师 |
[05:55] | I represent Lord Caldlow, | 代表卡德洛爵士 |
[05:56] | an accomplished amateur magician and historian… | 一位业余魔术师兼历史学家 |
[05:58] | How much? | 多少钱? |
[06:01] | – Lord Caldlow is interested… – How much for my tricks? | – 卡爵士有兴趣… – 他出多少钱买我的魔术? |
[06:03] | Five thousand pounds. | 五千英镑 |
[06:05] | Talk with Fallon, my engineer. Money’s for him. | 跟我的机关师法隆说钱归他 |
[06:08] | Yes, I did. He offered to sell me your tricks. | 我说了 他答应出售你的秘诀 |
[06:11] | All except the most valuable one: The Transported Man. | 除了最值钱的遁移术外 |
[06:14] | Well, I wouldn’t forgive myself for selling my greatest trick. | 我绝不会出售我最伟大的魔术 |
[06:18] | Even for your daughter? | 即使是为了你女儿? |
[06:21] | If the newspapers are right and you are for the drop… | 如果报纸没料错 你会被判死刑 |
[06:24] | – your daughter will need looking after. – Fallon will take care of her. | – 你女儿就需要别人照顾 – 法隆会照顾她 |
[06:27] | Bernard Fallon? A man with a past almost as obscure as your own. | 伯纳德·法隆?他这个人跟你一样神秘 |
[06:31] | Courts motioned that the girl be removed from his care. | 法院一定会剥夺他的监护权 |
[06:33] | No, the girl will be an orphan. | 你女儿就会变成孤儿 |
[06:36] | I know you’re no stranger to the workhouse. It’s better than here? | 你应该对童工工厂很熟吧 会比监狱好吗? |
[06:41] | I’m offering you a way to wrap up your affairs with dignity. | 我给你一个机会维护尊严 |
[06:44] | And I’m offering your daughter a future. | 也给你女儿一个未来 |
[06:46] | As Lord Caldlow’s ward, she will want for nothing. Ever. | 她被卡爵士领养 保证要什么就有什么 |
[06:52] | Well, think it over. | 好好考虑吧 |
[06:55] | And Lord Caldlow would like you to have this as a show of good faith. | 爵士给你这本日记以表诚意 |
[06:59] | He said it might be of interest. This is Robert Angier’s diary. | 也许你会有兴趣 这是罗伯特·安杰的日记 |
[07:03] | lncluding the time he spent in Colorado learning your trick. | 包括他在科罗拉多学会你的魔术 |
[07:06] | – He never learned my trick. – Really? | – 他没学会我的魔术 – 真的吗? |
[07:08] | On his return from Colorado, he mounted a version of The Transported Man… | 他回来以后表演全新的遁移术 |
[07:11] | that the papers said was better even than your original. | 报纸说比你的原版更棒 |
[07:15] | If you want Angier’s secrets, you go dig him up and ask him yourself. | 你想知道安杰的秘密 得把他从坟墓挖出来问 |
[07:22] | I want your secret, Mr. Borden. | 我想要你的秘密 波登 |
[07:27] | Consider your daughter. | 为你的女儿着想吧 |
[07:36] | A cipher. An enigma. | 字谜 一个大谜团 |
[07:42] | A search. A search for answers. | 寻找 我要寻找答案 |
[07:52] | Even if Colorado is the end of my journey… | 就算科罗拉多是我的终点站 |
[07:56] | it’ll take much longer to unravel the rest of Borden’s secrets. | 要解开波登的谜要花更久的时间 |
[08:03] | See, the cipher in his notebook is unlocked by a single word… | 他笔记的密码只有一个字 |
[08:08] | but it will still take months to translate his writing | 但也得要花好几个月翻译 |
[08:12] | and to know his mind. | 才能了解他的想法 |
[08:17] | Well, my passion is equal to the task. | 我的执着经得起这场考验 |
[08:32] | Mr. Angier? Welcome to Colorado Springs. | 安先生?欢迎光临泉镇 |
[08:51] | – The whole town has electricity. – Yes, sir. | – 整座小镇都有供电吗?- 是的 |
[09:11] | Well, quite a reception. | 好隆重的欢迎 |
[09:15] | You’re our first guest of the season, Mr. Angier. | 您是本季第一位客人 安先生 |
[09:17] | Your telegram didn’t indicate how long you’ll be staying with us. | 您的电报没提到您会待多久 |
[09:21] | For as long as it takes. | 能待多久就待多久 |
[09:22] | I’ll need a coach tomorrow to take me up the mountain. | 我明天需要马车载我上山 |
[09:26] | Well, the peak is closed, sir, for scientific experimentation. | 山顶关闭了 为了科学实验 |
[09:29] | Yes, I know. That’s why I’m here. | 我知道 这就是我来的目的 |
[09:44] | You’ll have to walk the rest, I’m afraid, sir. | 先生 接下来您得自己走路了 |
[10:22] | I’m amazed how many of you newspaper writers can’t read my sign. | 令人惊讶 你们记者都看不懂我的标志吗? |
[10:33] | Not the welcome I was expecting. | 看来我并不受欢迎 |
[10:38] | I know you. | 我认得你 |
[10:44] | You’re the Great Danton. I saw your show in London seven times. | 你是魔术大师丹顿 我在伦敦看了你七场表演 |
[10:49] | You guessed every object the audience had in their pockets. | 你猜中观众口袋里的每样东西 |
[10:53] | I’m Alley. | 我是艾利 |
[10:55] | Sorry about the fence. People interfere with our work. | 围栏的事真抱歉 太多人来干扰 |
[10:57] | – I’ve come to see Tesla. – Why? | – 我来见泰斯拉 – 为什么? |
[11:00] | He made a machine for a colleague of mine sometime ago. | 他为我的同行打造了一架机器 |
[11:04] | – Can you get me a meeting with him? – lmpossible, I’m afraid. | – 你能安排我们见面吗?- 恐怕不太可能 |
[11:08] | I brought a lot of money. | 我带了很多钱来 |
[11:10] | I’m sorry, Mr. Angier. | 很抱歉 安先生 |
[11:13] | I simply can’t help you. | 我帮不上忙 |
[11:17] | I’ll be staying at the hotel. Indefinitely. | 我会一直待在旅馆 |
[11:23] | Hey, what am I holding? | 我现在握着什么? |
[11:25] | Your watch. | 你的怀表 |
[11:31] | Borden’s journal entry for April 3rd, 1897, | 波登的日记 1897年4月3日 |
[11:35] | describes a show at the Orpheum Theater. | 记录了奥芬大剧院的演出 |
[11:37] | That was just days after he first met me. | 那时我们才刚认识 |
[11:43] | We were two young men at the start of a great career. | 当时我们都是刚出道的魔术师 |
[11:46] | Two young men devoted to an illusion. | 我们完全献身于魔术 |
[11:49] | Two young men who never intended to hurt anyone. | 从没有想要伤害任何人 |
[11:51] | Which of you brave souls is willing to bind this lovely young woman? | 谁有胆量上台绑住这位美女? |
[12:08] | If you would tie her wrists. | 绑住她的手腕 |
[12:10] | Bind her feet around the ankle. | 绑住她的腿 脚踝也要绑紧 |
[12:15] | Are either of you two gentlemen sailors? | 你们是水手吗? |
[12:17] | – No. – No. | – 不是 – 不是 |
[12:20] | I’m sure you can both tie a strong knot. | 我想你们打的结应该都很紧 |
[13:26] | He’s complacent, he’s predictable, he’s boring. | 他太自满 毫无创意 又无趣 |
[13:30] | I mean, Milton has gotten success, whatever that means… | 米尔顿很成功 |
[13:33] | and now he’s scared. He won’t take any risks at all. | 但现在他很没种 不敢再冒任何风险 |
[13:36] | I mean, he’s squandering the goodwill of the audience… | 他耍二流把戏 |
[13:38] | – with tired, second-rate tricks. – They’re old favorites. | – 糟蹋观众的热情 – 大家爱看这些把戏 |
[13:42] | Favorites? Give me something fresh. | 拜托 让我试些新魔术吧 |
[13:43] | He won’t even try a bullet catch. | 他甚至不敢尝试 “接子弹” |
[13:45] | A bullet catch is suicide. | “接子弹” 是自杀 |
[13:47] | All it takes is some smart-ass volunteer to put a button in the barrel. | 要是志愿者放钮扣进去就死定了 |
[13:51] | – Fine. Use a plant. – You can’t for every trick. | – 那就用暗桩 – 不能每个魔术都用暗桩 |
[13:53] | – There’d be no seats left for the punters. – No bullet catch. | – 不然客人就没位置坐了 – 好吧 不表演 “接子弹” |
[13:56] | Whatever. The point is that a real magician tries to invent something new… | 重点是好魔术师会不断创新戏法 |
[14:01] | that other magicians are gonna scratch their heads over. | 让其他魔术师想破脑袋 |
[14:04] | And then you sell it to him for a small fortune. | 然后你就能靠它小赚一笔 |
[14:07] | I suppose you have such a trick. | 我猜你有惊人绝技啰? |
[14:09] | – Actually, I do. – Would you care to sell it to me? | – 没错 – 你能卖给我吗? |
[14:12] | No. No one else could do my trick. | 不行 只有我做得到 |
[14:14] | – Any trick can be duplicated, right? – Wrong. | – 每个魔术都能被模仿 对吧?- 错了 |
[14:16] | If Mr. Borden has invented his masterpiece… | 如果波登发明了他的杰作 |
[14:19] | it might be only he’s prepared to do it. | 大概只有他有办法演出 |
[14:21] | Milton is a great showman, but Borden is right. | 米尔顿很会作秀 但波登说得对 |
[14:24] | He won’t get his hands dirty. | 米尔顿不肯冒险 |
[14:26] | If you wanna see what it takes to make real magic, go to the Tenley. | 想看真正的魔术就去天利剧院 |
[14:30] | There’s a Chinaman there, and he really has what it takes. | 有位中国魔术师很厉害 |
[14:33] | – Chung Ling Soo. – Pricey. I can’t afford that. | – 他叫钟林苏 – 门票太贵 我看不起 |
[14:35] | I know the bloke on the door. | 我认识看门的家伙 |
[14:37] | You two go and see that show… | 你们俩去看吧 |
[14:40] | and whichever one of you can tell me… | 谁看出他的金鱼缸戏法窍门 |
[14:42] | how he does the goldfish-bowl trick gets the prize. | 就有奖赏 |
[14:45] | – Which is? – Ten minutes on-stage with my old friend Mr. Ackerman. | – 什么奖赏?- 在我的老朋友艾克曼面前试演一段魔术 |
[14:49] | – Really? – Who’s Ackerman? | – 真的假的?- 艾克曼是谁? |
[14:50] | The top theatrical agent in London. | 伦敦的顶尖经纪人 |
[14:54] | I saw you drop the knot again. | 我看到你绳结没打好 |
[14:56] | – I think I turned my wrist. – Some nights, you just don’t get it, do you? | – 我的手腕动了一下 – 你一直没搞懂 是吧? |
[14:59] | I mean, if that knot slips and Julia’s on the hoist, she’ll break a leg. | 要是绳结松掉 茱莉亚就会摔断腿 |
[15:04] | It’s the wrong knot. Like I said, the Langford double will hold tighter. | 你教的绳结有问题 我说过 蓝氏结比较牢固 |
[15:08] | The Langford double isn’t a wet knot. It’s too dangerous. | 蓝氏结不能碰到水 太危险了 |
[15:12] | If the rope swells up, she won’t slip it. | 要是绳子膨胀 她就无法松绑 |
[15:14] | – I can slip a Langford underwater. – She can slip it. We’ll practice. | – 我可以在水底松脱蓝氏结 – 她做得到 可以练习 |
[15:17] | Hey, Borden, he said no. | 波登 他说不行 |
[15:19] | Yeah, well, you know knots better than me, do you? | 你对绳结懂得比我多吗? |
[15:21] | Listen, no more mistakes. | 听好 不准再出错 |
[15:24] | All right. Yeah, do you? You wanna take over? | 是吗?你想取代我? |
[15:26] | – Just leave it. – I didn’t think so. | – 你走吧 – 想都别想 |
[15:33] | – Hey, Cutter, where’s he from? – Where are you from? | – 柯特 他打哪儿来的?- 你打哪儿来的? |
[15:36] | He shifts props for virgil at the hall. | 他以前帮魔术师佛吉搬道具 |
[15:38] | Aren’t you worried he’ll steal your tricks? | 你不担心他偷学你的魔术? |
[15:41] | – He doesn’t deal in methods. – How do you know? | – 他只想创造全新魔术 – 你怎么知道? |
[15:43] | Because I hired him to find out how virgil does the orange trick. | 我雇他去偷学佛吉的柳橙戏法 |
[15:48] | – Well, I don’t trust him. – He’s a natural magician. | – 我不信任他 – 他是天生魔术师 |
[15:51] | Of course you can’t trust him. | 当然不能信任 |
[15:53] | I think he’s all right. | 我觉得波登没问题 |
[15:54] | – You think everyone’s all right. – Even you. | – 你觉得大家都没问题 – 连你也一样 |
[15:57] | Watch your sightlines. | 安杰 注意一点 |
[15:58] | If I can see you kissing your wife’s leg every night… | 就连我都看得到你亲老婆的腿 |
[16:01] | so can the blokes at the ends of row three and four. | 前排的观众一定也看得到 |
[16:36] | – You’re wrong. It can’t be. – No, it is. | – 你错了 不可能 – 错不了 |
[16:38] | – Look at the man. – This is the trick. | – 你看看他 – 这就是他的秘诀 |
[16:42] | This is a performance right here. This is why no one can detect his method. | 这是他的表演 难怪没人看穿他的秘密 |
[16:48] | Total devotion to his art. | 他对魔术完全奉献 |
[16:51] | Utter self-sacrifice, you know? | 彻底自我牺牲 你懂吗? |
[16:55] | It’s the only way to escape all this, you know. | 这是扬名立万的唯一方法 |
[17:03] | All right. | 好吧 |
[17:04] | I can barely lift this thing and it’s not even filled with water. | 这很难夹起来 而且还没有装水 |
[17:09] | Or fish. Look. | 也没有金鱼 你看 |
[17:12] | I don’t know. Hang on a second. | 我不确定行不行 等一下 |
[17:16] | He must be strong as an ox. | 他一定壮得跟牛一样 |
[17:21] | He’s been pretending to be a cripple for years. | 这么多年来他一直假装跛脚? |
[17:24] | Any time he’s in public. Any time he goes out. It’s unthinkable. | 每次他出门面对大众都得装 |
[17:28] | Borden saw it at once, but I couldn’t fathom it. | 有一次波登看到他露出马脚 我没办法这样 |
[17:31] | Living my whole life pretending to be someone else. | 很难想象花一辈子去假装别人 |
[17:34] | – You’re pretending to be someone else. – I don’t think changing a name compares. | – 你是在假装啊 – 换个名字并不算吧 |
[17:38] | Not just your name. Who you are and where you’re from. | 你也换了身分和来历 |
[17:40] | I promised my family I wouldn’t embarrass them with my theatrical endeavors. | 因为我答应不能败坏家人名声 |
[17:46] | I thought of a name for you. | 我帮你想到一个艺名 |
[17:49] | The Great Danton. | 魔术大师丹顿 |
[17:53] | Do you like it? | 你喜欢吗? |
[17:55] | – But it’s sophisticated. – It’s French. | – 这名字很炫 – 那是法国人名 |
[18:04] | Borden writes as if no one but he understood the true nature of magic. | 波登觉得只有他了解魔术的本质 |
[18:13] | But what does he know of self-sacrifice? | 但是他不了解自我牺牲 |
[18:21] | You bloody fool. | 你这个笨蛋 |
[18:51] | – He killed it. – What? | – 他杀了小鸟 – 怎么了? |
[18:53] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了? |
[18:54] | – He killed it. – I’m sure he didn’t. | – 小鸟死了 – 没有啦 |
[19:02] | See? Look, now he’ll bring it back. | 瞧 他会把他变回来 |
[19:06] | No, he killed it. | 不 他杀了小鸟 |
[19:10] | No. | 不 |
[19:17] | Look. See? He’s all right. He’s fine. | 看到没?他没事 他很好 |
[19:20] | – Look at him. – But where’s his brother? | – 看到没?- 那他的兄弟呢? |
[19:27] | He’s a sharp lad, your son. | 你儿子真是聪明 |
[19:31] | Oh, he’s my nephew. | 他是我外甥 |
[19:39] | You’re the lucky one today. | 算你今天走运 |
[20:01] | Are you watching closely? | 你在仔细看吗? |
[20:07] | Look closer. | 看清楚了 |
[20:12] | Never show anyone. | 绝对不要揭穿谜底 |
[20:14] | They’ll beg you and they’ll flatter you for the secret, but as soon as you give it up… | 他们会求你 奉承你 一旦你说出来 |
[20:18] | you’ll be nothing to them. | 你就没有利用价值了 |
[20:20] | You understand? Nothing. | 懂吗?一文不值 |
[20:22] | The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything. | 魔术的秘密没啥了不起 变魔术的技巧才重要 |
[20:33] | – Well, thank you for lunch, Mr. Borden. – You’re welcome. | – 谢谢你请客 波登先生 – 不客气 |
[20:39] | – Alfred. It’s Alfred. – Alfred. | – 艾佛 叫我艾佛 – 艾佛 |
[20:42] | So I could use a cup of tea. | 我很想进去喝杯茶 |
[20:46] | I’d scandalize the landlord. I think not. | 我怕房东说闲话 最好不要 |
[20:51] | You think that’s…? Is that enough to keep me out? | 你以为这样我就进不去? |
[20:56] | I think so. | 我想是吧 |
[20:58] | So I’ll see you again? | 我们会再见面吧? |
[21:09] | Milk and sugar? | 牛奶加糖? |
[21:32] | – What’s in there? – Angier’s machine. | – 那是什么东西?- 安杰的机关 |
[21:45] | You built this, Mr. Cutter? | 这是你打造的吗? |
[21:47] | Oh, no, sir. This wasn’t built by a magician. | 不 这不是魔术师打造的 |
[21:50] | This was built by a wizard. | 这是天才的杰作 |
[21:52] | A man who can actually do what magicians pretend to do. | 他能让魔术师的戏法成真 |
[21:57] | Tell me, Your Honor, what happens with these things after the trial? | 法官大人 这些道具会怎么处理? |
[22:01] | They’ve been sold to a Lord Caldlow. | 卖给卡德洛爵士 |
[22:03] | An avid collector, apparently very interested in the case. | 他对这案子很有兴趣 |
[22:06] | Yeah, well, don’t let him take this. | 千万别让他拿走这样东西 |
[22:09] | – Why ever not? – It’s too dangerous. | – 为什么?- 太危险了 |
[22:11] | I’m sure beneath its bells and whistles it’s got a simple and disappointing trick. | 它只是造型很炫 但功能很简单 |
[22:16] | Most disappointing of all, sir… | 的确是简单得令人失望 |
[22:20] | it has no trick. | 因为这不是魔术 |
[22:25] | It’s real. | 这是真的 |
[22:29] | – This is the tank Angier drowned in? – Yes. | – 这就是淹死安杰的水箱?- 是的 |
[22:34] | This is the place where the performer’s hand reaches through to the trick padlock. | 这就是机关 魔术师的手穿过这里打开假锁 |
[22:40] | A standard magical apparatus for escapes. | 标准的魔术脱逃机关? |
[22:43] | Yeah, with one important difference: | 对 但是有一个地方不同 |
[22:45] | This isn’t a trick lock. | 这不是假锁 |
[22:48] | It’s been switched for a real one. | 它被换成真锁 |
[22:50] | What a way to kill someone. | 真是杀人的好方法 |
[22:52] | They’re magicians, Your Honor. Showmen. | 他们是魔术师 法官大人 表演者… |
[22:56] | Men who live by dressing up plain and sometimes-brutal truths… | 他们利用普通事物掩盖残酷真相 |
[23:00] | to amaze, to shock. | 让人感到惊奇 震撼 |
[23:03] | Even without an audience? | 就算没有观众? |
[23:06] | There was an audience. | 有一个观众 |
[23:09] | You see, this water tank… | 这座水箱 |
[23:11] | was of particular significance to these two men. | 对他们有特别的意义 |
[23:16] | Particularly awful significance. | 很可怕的意义 |
[23:21] | Which of you brave souls is willing to bind this lovely young woman? | 谁有胆量上台绑住这位美女? |
[23:28] | If you would tie her wrists. | 绑住她的手腕 |
[23:31] | Bind her feet around the ankle. | 还有她的腿和脚踝 |
[23:46] | Are either of you two gentlemen sailors? | 你们是水手吗? |
[23:48] | No. | 不是 |
[23:51] | I’m sure you can both tie a strong knot. | 我想你们应该都会打得很紧 |
[24:48] | Robert! | 罗伯特 |
[25:10] | No! No! No! | 不 不 不 |
[25:15] | Julia. Julia. | 茱莉亚…茱莉亚… |
[26:04] | I knew an old sailor once. | 我认识一名老水手 |
[26:07] | He told me he went overboard, tangled in the sails. | 他说他曾经落水 被船帆缠住 |
[26:12] | They pulled him out, but it took him five minutes to cough. | 他们整整花了五分钟救活他 |
[26:18] | He said it was like going home. | 他说感觉好像回到家 |
[26:27] | What do you want, Borden? | 波登 你想干什么? |
[26:36] | I’m sorry for your loss, Angier. | 请你节哀顺变 安杰 |
[26:42] | Which knot did you tie? | 你到底绑了什么结? |
[26:47] | I keep asking myself that. | 我一直问我自己这件事 |
[26:50] | – And? – And… I’m sorry, I just don’t know. | – 结果呢?- 抱歉 我真的不知道 |
[26:59] | You don’t know? | 你不知道? |
[27:02] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[27:05] | You don’t know? | 你不知道? |
[27:11] | You don’t know? | 你不知道? |
[27:20] | Alfred? | 艾佛? |
[27:22] | Good news. We got our first booking today. | 好消息 我们今天有表演了 |
[27:23] | – I don’t think we’ve had the pleasure. – Mr. Fallon is my ingenieur. | – 我们没见过面吧 – 法隆是我的机关师 |
[27:27] | – Where did you get all of…? – Begged, borrowed, and don’t ask. | – 你从哪里拿到这些…?- 求来的 借来的 别问了 |
[27:31] | He’s a very enterprising soul, is Mr. Fallon. | 这位法隆先生很有办法 |
[27:35] | We can’t afford to pay him. | 我们没钱支付他 |
[27:36] | Money will come when we get the audience. | 有观众就会有钱 |
[27:38] | But what about until then? I mean, what I earn, it’s barely enough for us. | 那现在呢?我赚的钱只够养活我们俩 |
[27:42] | Don’t worry about it. I’ll share half my food with him or something. | 别担心 我的食物分他一半 |
[27:46] | You’re already going to be doing that with someone else. | 你得先分给另一个人 |
[27:49] | – No. You’re…? – Having a baby. | – 不会吧?你…?- 我要生宝宝了 |
[27:54] | Oh, my God. We should have told Fallon. | 天啊 我们应该告诉法隆 |
[27:57] | That is great. We’re having a baby. | 棒呆了 我们有孩子了 |
[27:59] | Oh, come here. | 过来 |
[28:05] | Alfred, what’s this? | 艾佛 这是什么? |
[28:07] | Oh, this is just the trick to wake Ackerman up at the end of my act. | 这是用来吸引经纪人的戏法 |
[28:11] | Is it the masterpiece? The great trick? | 这就是你所谓的伟大魔术? |
[28:14] | No, no, no. The world is not ready for that one yet. | 不是 市场还不够成熟 |
[28:16] | This is just your run-of-the-mill, daring, spectacular bullet catch. | 这只是一般的 “接子弹” 把戏 |
[28:21] | – A bullet catch? – Yeah, but it’s safe, I promise. Look. | – 接子弹 – 对 很安全 我保证 你看 |
[28:28] | – Shoot me. – Shoot you? | – 向我开枪 – 向你开枪? |
[28:30] | Go on, shoot me. | 来吧 开枪 |
[28:34] | – Right there. – No, I can’t. | – 射这里 – 我办不到 |
[28:36] | No, no, not there. Shoot me here. Don’t… | 不是射那里 射我胸口 |
[28:44] | – How’s that? – That’s very good. | – 怎么样?- 太神了 |
[28:48] | – Go on, tell me how you do it. – No, I can’t do that. | – 你是怎么做到的?- 我不能告诉你 |
[28:53] | – Well, then you can’t do it. Alfred… – I can’t do it? | – 那你就不准表演 – 不准表演? |
[28:56] | I’m sorry, Alfred, but I can’t raise a child on my own. | 对不起 我不能一个人养孩子 |
[28:59] | – You don’t tell anybody that I told you. – Okay. | – 那你不能告诉任何人 – 好 |
[29:03] | Gunpowder… | 火药 |
[29:06] | wadding… | 填弹塞 |
[29:09] | and a bullet. | 子弹 |
[29:12] | A ramrod. | 推弹杆 |
[29:18] | Hold out your hand. | 伸出你的手 |
[29:22] | The bullet is not even in the gun when the charge is fired. | 点燃火药时枪管并没有子弹 |
[29:26] | Once you know, it’s actually very obvious. | 知道了就没什么了不起 |
[29:31] | Well, I mean, you still get… | 不过还是会… |
[29:33] | It’s dangerous. I mean, people still get killed doing that. | 还是很危险 会出人命的 |
[29:36] | – Well, how? – Well, you know. | – 怎么会?- 你知道的 |
[29:38] | Somebody could get a smart-ass. He can put a penny or a button… | 有些笨蛋搞不好把铜板放进去 |
[29:41] | or may God forbid, Sarah, somebody could put a bullet there. | 甚至把子弹放进去 |
[29:44] | Don’t worry. Don’t worry… | 别担心 别担心 |
[29:46] | because I’m not gonna let anything happen. | 我不会让任何意外发生 |
[29:50] | Everything’s gonna be all right… | 一切都不会有事 |
[29:52] | because I love you very much. | 因为我非常爱你 |
[30:00] | – Say it again. – I love you. | – 再说一次 – 我爱你 |
[30:04] | – Not today. – What? | – 今天你不爱我 – 什么? |
[30:07] | Well, on some days it’s not true, and today you don’t mean it. | 有时你不真诚 今天你不是真心的 |
[30:10] | Maybe today you’re more in love with magic than me. | 也许今天你比较爱魔术 |
[30:13] | I like being able to tell the difference. | 我能分辨个中的差别 |
[30:16] | It makes the days it is true mean something. | 如果真心说爱我 今天就更有意义 |
[30:23] | All right. | 好吧 |
[30:44] | Metal rings, ladies and gentlemen. | 各位 这是钢圈 |
[30:47] | If there are any ladies or gentlemen here. | 现场有绅士淑女吗? |
[30:50] | – Solid metal. – Seen that already. | – 这是实心的 – 这表演我看过了 |
[31:00] | Get out your gun, mate. | 把枪拿出来吧 小子 |
[31:04] | – Who threw that? – I did! | – 是谁丢的?- 是我 |
[31:11] | Get out your gun. You’re gonna need it. | 把枪拿出来 魔术师 你会需要的 |
[31:18] | Get a gun. | 拿出枪吧 |
[31:21] | It’s what you came for, is it? | 你们是想看这个 对吧? |
[31:27] | So who wants to volunteer? | 那么谁要当志愿者? |
[31:31] | Me! Me! | 我 我 |
[31:44] | Me. | 我 |
[31:59] | Are you man enough, sir? | 先生 你够种吗? |
[32:07] | Yes. | 是的 |
[32:19] | Which knot did you tie, Borden? | 你到底绑了什么结? |
[32:28] | Which knot did you tie, Borden? | 你到底绑了什么结? |
[32:31] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[32:48] | He came in to demand an answer, and I told him the truth. | 他要我回答 我说了实话 |
[32:52] | That I have fought with myself over that night. | 我为了那件事天人交战 |
[32:55] | One half of me swearing blind that I tied a simple slipknot… | 一半的我发誓绑了简单的绳结 |
[32:59] | the other half convinced that I tied the Langford double. | 另一半的我记得绑了蓝氏结 |
[33:02] | I can never know for sure. | 我永远都无法确定 |
[33:07] | How can he not know? | 他怎么会不知道? |
[33:09] | How can he not know? | 他怎么会不知道? |
[33:13] | He must know what he did. He must. | 他一定知道自己做了什么 一定的 |
[33:19] | Sarah, that bloody hurts. | 莎拉 很痛耶 |
[33:23] | I don’t understand how it can be bleeding again. | 我不懂 怎么又流血了? |
[33:25] | It’s as bad as the day it happened. | 根本就没有治好 |
[33:29] | – We have to get a doctor back. – We can’t afford the bloody doctor back. | – 我去请大夫来 – 我们请不起大夫 |
[33:34] | – You’ve woken her. – Great. | – 你吵醒她了 – 太好了 |
[33:38] | I’m sorry. I need this to heal so I can go back to work. | 伤口愈合了 我才能回去表演 |
[33:41] | Alfred, face things. What tricks can you perform with this kind of injury? | 面对现实吧 伤成这样不能表演 |
[33:45] | I can do card pulls. I can do some prop tricks. | 我能耍扑克牌 用道具表演 |
[33:48] | I can still do that. And I can do the trick that I’ve been telling you about. | 我还是能表演我说的那个绝招 |
[33:53] | The one that they’re gonna remember me for. | 千古留名的伟大表演 |
[33:57] | Come on. | 相信我 |
[34:25] | Never thought I’d find an answer at the bottom of a glass. | 没想到答案就在酒杯底下 |
[34:28] | Hasn’t stopped you looking. | 你随时都在找答案 |
[34:35] | Heard about a booking. | 听说有一场表演 |
[34:36] | Nice little theater. Young up-and-coming magician. | 不错的小戏院 要魔术界的年轻新秀 |
[34:40] | – Who? – You. | – 要找谁?- 你 |
[34:41] | You got me a booking? Why? | 你替我找表演机会?为什么? |
[34:43] | I wanna keep on working. | 我想继续工作 |
[34:45] | that killed Julia McCullough… And who’s gonna hire the ingenieur | 谁会雇用害死女助手的机关师? |
[34:49] | in front of a sellout crowd at the Orpheum? | 还是在满座的奥芬大剧院 |
[34:52] | Someone who knows it wasn’t your fault. | 那并不是你的错 |
[34:54] | Someone who knows Alfred Borden and his repertoire of exotic knots. | 波登绑错结 害死茱莉亚 |
[34:58] | I hear he had a spot of bad luck catching a bullet south of the river. | 我听说他表演接子弹出了差错 |
[35:01] | That’s a dangerous trick, that one. | 那一招本来就很危险 |
[35:09] | We’ll have to whitewash the windows… | 我们得把窗户刷白 |
[35:11] | confound the more curious members of the public, but it will do. | 不要让好奇的行人看进来 |
[35:17] | – We should see about an assistant. – I’ve made some arrangements. | – 我们先得找一名助手 – 我已经找到了 |
[35:21] | Have you settled on a name? | 你想好艺名了吗? |
[35:24] | Yes, I have. The Great Danton. | 想好了 魔术大师丹顿 |
[35:28] | It’s a bit old-fashioned, isn’t it? | 似乎有点老派? |
[35:32] | No, it’s sophisticated. | 不 这对我意义非凡 |
[35:34] | The birdcage can’t be our climax. Everybody knows it. | 大家都看过这招鸟笼魔术 |
[35:36] | – Not like this they don’t. – I don’t wanna kill doves. | – 他们没看过这一招 – 我不想杀鸽子 |
[35:39] | Then stay off the stage. You’re a magician, not a wizard. | 那就别干这行 魔术师不是巫师 |
[35:43] | You gotta get your hands dirty if you’re gonna achieve the impossible. | 你想成功 就得杀生 |
[35:48] | In here, Miss Wenscombe. | 这边请 温小姐 |
[35:51] | No point in you meeting Mr. Angier if you don’t fit. | 要是塞不进去 你就白来了 |
[35:54] | On the right. | 站右边 |
[35:58] | What’s so hard about this? | 这有什么难? |
[36:00] | Nothing. But you’re going down here. | 并不难 你要躺在下面 |
[36:05] | Hold it. Hold it there. This has gotta go around there. | 握住它 这要绕到另一边 |
[36:09] | – And this will conceal it? – Yeah, oh, sure. | – 这样就能隐藏鸟笼?- 没错 当然 |
[36:11] | – All right? – Yeah. | – 好了吗?- 好了 |
[36:12] | – Now, take that one there. – Yep. Okay. | – 拿过去 – 嗯 好了 |
[36:15] | – Pin this under. – And this ties up here? | – 把这个别在下面 – 这绑在这里? |
[36:18] | – That ties at the front. – That’s good. | – 这绑在前面 – 很好 |
[36:26] | Breathe as little as possible. | 尽量憋住气 |
[36:34] | Now, you see? That’ll go. That’ll flatten. | 看到没?它会被压扁 |
[36:37] | – I see. Yeah. – Okay. | – 我懂了 – 好 |
[36:42] | She’s not experienced, but she knows how to present herself. | 她没经验 不过很会秀自己 |
[36:46] | A pretty assistant is the most effective form of misdirection. | 美丽的女助手最能转移注意力 |
[36:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[36:52] | Ladies and gentlemen, for my final trick… | 各位 最后的魔术表演 |
[36:54] | I will require the assistance of two volunteers. | 需要两名志愿者 |
[36:57] | Mr. Merrit, if you would oblige me? | 梅老板 麻烦你 |
[37:01] | Yeah. Okay. Bring your hand around. | 用手盖住 |
[37:05] | – Under? – Under, yeah. | – 底下?- 嗯 底下 |
[37:07] | There. I put it around its foot. | 绕住他的脚 |
[37:09] | – Careful. – He’s all right, ain’t he? | – 小心点 – 他没问题 |
[37:31] | – You get a volunteer to put a hand there. – Yeah. | – 一名志愿者把手放这里 – 嗯 |
[37:34] | And another one there. | 另一名放在那里 |
[37:36] | Mr. Merrit, if you’ll place your hands on either side of the cage, please. | 梅老板 把手放在鸟笼的两侧 |
[37:39] | Thank you, Olivia. | 谢谢你 奥莉薇雅 |
[37:41] | You best not be intending… | 你最好别… |
[37:43] | – to hurt this animal, Mr. Angier. – Of course not. | – 伤害小动物 安杰 – 当然不会 |
[37:45] | You ready? All right. | 准备好了吗? |
[37:48] | One…. | 一… |
[37:49] | Two…. | 二… |
[37:51] | – Three. – Three. Go. | – 三… – 三 变 |
[37:56] | Well, that’s bloody marvelous, Cutter. | 太惊人了 |
[37:59] | very nice. | 太棒了 |
[38:00] | And the best part is…. | 最棒的是… |
[38:08] | I thought you said I had to get my hands dirty. | 我以为我得杀生 |
[38:10] | Someday perhaps you will. I just had to know that you can. | 将来也许会 我只想确定你行不行 |
[38:14] | – very nice. very nice, indeed. – Thank you, Mr. Merrit. | – 很不错 真的很棒 – 谢谢 梅老板 |
[38:17] | I haven’t had the chance to compliment your beautiful theater. | 谢谢你 你的剧院也很棒 |
[38:20] | Well, it’ll be a lot more beautiful when it’s full. | 坐满了观众会更棒 |
[38:22] | – Don’t worry. – Oh, you all say that. | – 别担心 – 你们都这么说 |
[38:24] | Why should I worry? lf your tricks don’t get them in, somebody else’s will. | 我才不担心 你不行 我换人就是了 |
[38:28] | Maybe somebody willing to do a bullet catch or a water escape? | 或许有人愿意接子弹或水底脱逃 |
[38:32] | Cheap thrills, Mr. Merrit. | 那是洒狗血的伎俩 |
[38:34] | People hoping for an accident, likely to see one too. | 大家只想看发生意外 |
[38:38] | What would that do for your business? | 那对你的生意有什么好处? |
[38:41] | – You got a week, John. – Thank you, Mr. Merrit. | – 给你一个星期 约翰 – 谢谢你 梅老板 |
[38:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:58] | Sir? ln the third row there. | 那位先生 第三排 |
[39:01] | Please stand up and show us your handkerchief. | 请站起来让大家看你的手帕 |
[39:06] | This isn’t mine. | 这不是我的 |
[39:08] | Perhaps you’d be so good as to return it to the lady in the aisle. | 请你把手帕还给第二排的女士 |
[39:11] | I believe she has yours. | 我相信她有你的手帕 |
[39:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[39:19] | I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. I’m making so many mistakes. | 抱歉 我一直出错 |
[39:22] | I’m so nervous. | 我好紧张 |
[39:25] | The audience doesn’t seem to be responding. | 观众好像没什么反应 |
[39:27] | They’ve seen a lot of tricks before, but not this next one. | 我保证下一个魔术他们从没看过 |
[39:40] | Put a cloth over. | 拿一块布遮住 |
[39:43] | – Fingers crossed. – I’ll have the champagne ready. | – 祝我好运 – 我会准备香槟庆祝 |
[40:01] | – You’ve seen this one before? – We’ve seen them all. | – 你们看过这一招?- 老套了 |
[40:04] | I’ll make it a little harder then, shall I? | 那我就让它更具挑战性 |
[40:07] | Two volunteers, please. A lady and a gentleman to hold this cage with me. | 我要两位志愿者 一男一女跟我一起握住鸟笼 |
[40:13] | I’ll perform this feat in a manner never before seen by yourselves… | 我要表演前所未有 世界首创 |
[40:17] | or any other audience anywhere in the world. | 无人见识过的全新魔术 |
[40:22] | Madam, if you’ll place one hand on the back of the cage, one hand on the front. | 一只手放后面 另一只放前面 |
[40:26] | Sir, one hand on the bottom of the cage, one hand on the top. | 先生 一只手放底下 另一只放上面 |
[40:44] | – Should have spotted him. – You had a lot of plates going. | – 我早该认出他来 – 你忙着表演 |
[40:46] | – Don’t suppose they’ll let us do this again. – No. | – 他们不会让我再秀这一招了 – 没错 |
[40:49] | – So, what’s the climax of our show? – Show? You don’t have a show. | – 那要用哪一招当压轴?- 压轴?你没得表演了 |
[40:53] | Mr. Merrit, We have a week’s engagement. | 梅老板 我们的合约是一星期 |
[40:54] | To perform magic, not butcher birds and break my customers’ fingers. | 我要你变魔术 不是杀小鸟或折断客人手指 |
[40:58] | Clear out. Anything here in the morning gets burned. | 卷铺盖滚蛋 不然就全烧掉 |
[41:01] | – Mr. Merrit… – It’s done, John. | – 梅老板… – 没得谈了 |
[41:03] | I’ve hired a comedian. You know I hate comedians. | 我找了个谐星 你知道我最讨厌谐星 |
[41:09] | Well, there’s plenty of good theaters. | 好吧 好剧院多得是 |
[41:11] | If we can come up with a new trick, change the name of the act… | 我们找个新魔术 换个艺名… |
[41:15] | The name stays. | 我不换艺名 |
[41:19] | Right. Well, then the new trick’s gonna have to be irresistible, then. | 好吧 不过新魔术一定要很炫 |
[41:24] | I have a couple of methods to try out. | 我还有好几招可以试 |
[41:26] | And then we need a new angle on the presentation. | 但要有新的表现方式 |
[41:29] | Oh, and if you need some inspiration… | 如果你要找灵感 |
[41:31] | there’s a technical exposition at the Albert Hall this week. | 皇家亚伯厅本周有个科技展 |
[41:35] | Engineers, scientists, you know? | 工程师 科学家都会去 |
[41:37] | That sort of thing captures a public’s imagination. | 这些事物吸引大众的好奇心 |
[41:58] | Mind if I join you? Tesla sends me down here during the storms. | 我能坐这儿吗?泰斯拉在暴风雨时派我来 |
[42:01] | Perfect excuse to come join the Great Danton for a drink. | 是陪丹顿大师喝一杯的好借口 |
[42:06] | Two of them. | 来两杯 |
[42:08] | Beautiful, isn’t it, huh? God, I miss New York though. | 这雨下得真好 我好想念纽约 |
[42:11] | – So why are you here? – The lightning lives here. | – 你来这里干嘛?- 这里有闪电 |
[42:13] | And not much else. Our work is secret. | 而且人烟稀少 我们的工作是秘密 |
[42:17] | Is that a cipher? | 这是字谜吗? |
[42:21] | It’s a rotating transposition that shifts every day of the diary. | 这本日记每天都换字母密码 |
[42:24] | Simple, but time-consuming to translate, | 看似简单 就算有字母密码 |
[42:26] | even when you have the five-letter keyword. | 解码也会花很多时间 |
[42:28] | Which is? | 密码是什么? |
[42:30] | We magicians have a circle of trust. | 我们魔术师有道义 要保密 |
[42:32] | You have a circle of trust with someone whose diary you stole? | 你偷别人的日记也叫道义? |
[42:36] | Maybe I bought it. | 搞不好我是用买的 |
[42:38] | And you’re hoping to find a great secret in there. | 你想从里面找出秘密 |
[42:41] | I’ve already found it. That’s why I’m here. | 我找到了 所以才来这里 |
[42:51] | Tesla built one for another magician. | 泰斯拉替一名魔术师做了机关 |
[42:54] | – Why would you want the same thing? – Call it a professional rivalry. | – 你干嘛要同样的东西?- 这是同行间的较劲 |
[42:58] | Mr. Tesla has built unusual machines for unusual people. | 泰斯拉专门帮怪人做古怪的机关 |
[43:02] | But he would never talk about it. | 但我们不会说出去的 |
[43:04] | I understand discretion. I just want the machine. | 没问题 我只想要那台机关 |
[43:10] | Finish your drink. | 把酒干了 |
[43:13] | I wanna show you something. | 我带你去看样东西 |
[43:15] | I think you’ll have a special appreciation for our work. | 你会很佩服我们的工作 |
[43:18] | – I thought it was a secret. – You’re a magician. | – 我以为那是秘密 – 你是魔术师 |
[43:22] | Who’s gonna believe you? | 谁会相信你说的话? |
[43:25] | Not long now. | 就快到了 |
[43:27] | Our equipment requires a great deal of current. | 我们的装备需要大量的电力 |
[43:29] | Tesla electrified the town in exchange for | 泰斯拉替全镇提供电力 |
[43:31] | using the generators when we need to. | 交换条件是使用发电机的权利 |
[43:36] | We do our tests when the townspeople are asleep. | 我们趁镇民睡着时做实验 |
[43:39] | Mr. Tesla doesn’t wanna scare anyone. | 泰斯拉不想吓到大家 |
[43:59] | Where are the wires? | 电线在哪里? |
[44:02] | Exactly. | 问得好 |
[44:13] | – Where’s the generator? – You saw it last week. | – 发电机呢?- 就是你上星期看到的那台 |
[44:17] | – That must be 10 miles from here. – Fifteen. | – 离这里有十英里 – 十五英里 |
[44:21] | And I have to ride all of them before I get to bed. | 每天都要骑这么远才能回家睡觉 |
[44:25] | I’ll send word for you in a few days, Mr. Angier. | 过几天我会给你消息 |
[44:28] | Magic. Real magic. | 魔法 真正的魔法 |
[44:34] | Now appearing only here at London’s Royal Albert Hall. | 这一切都只在皇家亚伯厅展出 |
[44:36] | One of the miracles of our age. | 这个时代的奇迹 |
[44:38] | A technological marvel. | 科技的惊奇 |
[44:41] | You’ve never seen anything like it in your lives. | 你这辈子从来没看过 |
[44:43] | Your eyes will not believe what they’re witnessing. | 就算亲眼目睹也不敢相信 |
[44:45] | The miracle of Nikola Tesla, ladies and gentlemen. | 各位先生女士 泰斯拉的奇迹 |
[44:49] | Free clean power. Would you like to know the future? | 零污染的免费电力 你想看到未来吗? |
[44:51] | The man speaking now is going to change the world. | 那个人将改变世界 |
[44:54] | Ladies and gentlemen, come one, come all. lmmediate seating, no waiting. | 女士先生 快进来坐 位子很多 不用等 |
[45:14] | Ladies and gentlemen, I’m sorry… | 各位女士先生们 |
[45:17] | but objections have been raised… | 有些观众有意见 |
[45:19] | – concerning the safety… – They should be. Does that look safe to you? | – 担心安全的问题… – 是应该有意见 你认为安全吗? |
[45:23] | Part of Thomas Edison’s smear campaign… | 这是爱迪生的毁谤行动 |
[45:25] | against Mr. Tesla’s superior alternating current. | 故意中伤泰斯拉的交流电研究 |
[45:29] | Mr. Alley, please. | 艾利 拜托 |
[45:31] | We have asked Mr. Tesla to reconsider… | 我们要求泰斯拉… |
[45:34] | – Which he will not. – his presentation. | – 放弃展出 – 但是他不会 |
[45:36] | But I’ve been told he refuses to appear under any such restrictions. | 不过他拒绝在受限情况下现身 |
[45:42] | Clear the hall! This thing is gonna blow! | 快走 这东西快爆炸了 |
[45:44] | – Clear the hall! – Ladies and gentlemen, please! | – 快出去 – 拜托大家别紧张 |
[45:48] | Where’s the switch? | 开关在哪里? |
[45:54] | This is all perfectly safe. | 这百分之百安全 |
[46:27] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[46:30] | Hello, Jess. | 嗨 洁丝 |
[46:35] | Have you had a nice day with Mummy? | 你今天跟妈妈过得好吗? |
[46:40] | Sarah, I love you. | 莎拉 我爱你 |
[46:43] | – See? Today it’s true. – Yeah. | – 你今天是真心说爱我 – 嗯 |
[46:47] | Hello. | 哈啰 |
[46:49] | I saw happiness. | 我看见了幸福 |
[46:52] | Happiness that should have been mine. | 应该属于我的幸福 |
[46:55] | But I was wrong. | 但是我错了 |
[46:57] | His notebook reveals that he never had the life that I envied. | 笔记中透露 他没有我所羡慕的生活 |
[47:01] | The family life that he craves one minute… | 前一刻他渴望的家庭生活 |
[47:04] | he rails against the next, demanding freedom. | 下一刻就想反抗 追求自由 |
[47:08] | His mind…. His mind is a divided one. | 他的精神分裂… |
[47:11] | His soul is restless. | 心灵无法平静 |
[47:13] | His wife and child tormented by his fickle and contradictory nature. | 易变和矛盾的天性折磨着妻女 |
[47:23] | What do you think? What do you think you’ll call her? | 你要叫洋娃娃什么名字? |
[47:26] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[47:27] | Everybody needs a name. So, what’s hers? | 大家都有名字啊 她呢? |
[47:30] | Maybe Sarah. | 那就叫莎拉吧 |
[47:35] | That’s a lovely name. That’s a lovely name. | 很美的名字 很美的名字 |
[47:37] | You talk about what you wanna do for the rest of the day. | 你们聊聊今天想做的事 |
[47:40] | All right? Go on. You talk with her. | 去跟她说吧 |
[47:45] | They’re taking her away? | 他们要把她带走? |
[47:49] | To the workhouse? | 送到童工工厂? |
[47:53] | Now, you keep talking. | 来 你们继续说话 |
[47:58] | Tell Owens I’ve reconsidered. Take it. Go on, take it. | 告诉欧文我答应了 拿去吧 |
[48:06] | It’s for the best. | 这样对大家最好 |
[48:13] | Let me see. | 给我看 |
[48:16] | I’m gonna learn all the Professor’s secrets. | 我要学会大师你所有的绝招 |
[48:19] | Only if I teach you how to read. | 我得先教你识字 |
[48:22] | They’re just stupid tricks, right? | 这些魔术没有屁用 |
[48:24] | Haven’t helped you get out of here, have they? | 完全不能帮你逃出去 |
[48:28] | Or can’t you undo real locks, Professor? | 大师 你能解开真的锁吗? |
[48:32] | Well, maybe I’m just biding my time. | 也许我只是在等待时机 |
[48:35] | Maybe one day I’ll open my hand, get your attention, ask: | 有一天我会张开双手请你看 然后问 |
[48:41] | “Are you watching closely?” | “你在注意看吗?” |
[48:43] | Maybe a magic word or two. | 也许念一两句咒语 |
[48:48] | And then I’ll be gone. | 然后我就消失不见 |
[48:54] | How’d you get so famous, then, eh? | 你凭什么这么出名? |
[48:57] | Magic. | 魔术 |
[49:03] | Borden, get back here! | 波登 给我回来 |
[49:04] | Thank you. | 多谢啦 |
[49:06] | Shut up! Get him down! | 闭嘴 抓住他 |
[49:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[49:11] | Who’s got a bloody key? | 谁有钥匙? |
[49:20] | February 8th, 1899. | 1899年2月8日 |
[49:23] | Today, finally a breakthrough. | 今天终于有了突破 |
[49:25] | Tesla’s agreed to see me. | 泰斯拉同意见我 |
[49:35] | It’s perfectly safe. | 这百分之百安全 |
[49:58] | So this is the Great Danton. | 你是魔术大师丹顿 |
[50:02] | Mr. Alley has effused about your act to me on any number of occasions. | 艾利经常说你的表演很精彩 |
[50:08] | Hold out other hand. | 伸出另一只手 |
[50:18] | What’s conducting the electricity? | 电流从哪里通过? |
[50:20] | Our bodies, Mr. Angier, are quite capable of conducting… | 我们的身体能生产 |
[50:24] | and, indeed, producing energy. | 并制造能源 |
[50:28] | Have you eaten, Mr. Angier? | 你吃过了吗? |
[50:33] | I need something impossible. | 我需要惊世骇俗的魔术 |
[50:37] | You are familiar with the phrase, “Man’s reach exceeds his grasp”? | 你听过这句俗话吗?”心有余而力不足” |
[50:42] | It’s a lie. | 那不是真话 |
[50:43] | Man’s grasp exceeds his nerve. | 人类只是胆量不够 |
[50:47] | Society only tolerates one change at a time. | 社会一次只能接受一种改变 |
[50:51] | The first time I tried to change the world… | 我第一次试着改变世界… |
[50:54] | I was hailed as a visionary. | 被称为先知 |
[50:57] | Second time, I was asked politely to retire. | 第二次 他们却请我退休 |
[51:03] | So here I am, enjoying my retirement. | 所以我在这里享受退休时光 |
[51:07] | Nothing is impossible, Mr. Angier. | 没有不可能的事 |
[51:09] | What you want is simply expensive. | 只是很昂贵 |
[51:11] | If I were to build for you this machine… | 你只用这机器 |
[51:13] | you would be presenting it merely as illusion? | 来表演魔术? |
[51:16] | Well, if people actually believed the things I did on-stage… | 如果大家把我的表演当真 |
[51:20] | they wouldn’t clap, they’d scream. | 就不会鼓掌 只会尖叫 |
[51:21] | I mean, think of sawing a woman in half. | 想想看 把女人锯成两半 |
[51:23] | Mr. Angier, have you considered the cost of such a machine? | 你想过这机器的代价吗? |
[51:26] | Price is not an object. | 钱不是问题 |
[51:29] | Perhaps not, but have you considered the cost? | 或许吧 你有想过代价吗? |
[51:33] | I’m not sure I follow. | 我不懂你的意思 |
[51:36] | Go home. Forget this thing. | 回家吧 忘了这件事 |
[51:38] | I can recognize an obsession. | 我看得出你着了魔 |
[51:40] | No good will come of it. | 这不会有好事 |
[51:42] | Hasn’t good come of your obsessions? | 你自己着了魔也没好事吗? |
[51:44] | At first. But I have followed them too long. | 一开始有 但我沉迷太久了 |
[51:47] | I am their slave, and one day, they will choose to destroy me. | 我成了它的奴隶 总有一天 它们会毁了我 |
[51:54] | If you understand an obsession, then you know you won’t change my mind. | 既然着了魔 那你就该知道我不会改变心意 |
[51:59] | So be it. | 就这样吧 |
[52:02] | Will you build it? | 你愿意打造了吗? |
[52:04] | I have already begun to build it, Mr. Angier. | 我已经开始打造了 |
[52:08] | I hope you enjoy the mountain air. | 希望你享受山上的空气 |
[52:10] | This will take some time. | 这得花点时间 |
[52:37] | I thought you’d gone. | 我以为你走了 |
[52:40] | I don’t really have anywhere to go. | 我没有地方可以去 |
[52:45] | You’ve been sleeping here? | 你都睡在这里? |
[52:46] | Cutter said it would be all right till we get another booking. What are you doing? | 柯特说我可以睡在这里 你在做什么? |
[52:52] | Research. | 做研究 |
[52:53] | Part of a magician’s job is to watch his competition, to see what illusions… | 魔术师得刺探对手表演什么… |
[52:58] | You’re going to do something to that man, aren’t you? | 你打算对付他 对吧? |
[53:01] | Cutter’s hoping you’ll let things lie. | 柯特希望你忘了这件事 |
[53:03] | He says if Borden thinks things are even between you two… | 如果波登觉得你们扯平了… |
[53:05] | Even? | 扯平? |
[53:07] | My wife for a couple of his fingers? | 他用手指换我太太的命? |
[53:10] | He has a family now, right? And he’s performing again. | 他现在有家有室 又能上台表演 |
[53:13] | Borden is living his life just as he always intended, as if nothing had happened. | 波登假装没事发生 继续过着日子 |
[53:17] | And look at… Look at me, all right? | 看看我 |
[53:19] | – I’m alone and no theater will touch me. – Us. | – 我孤家寡人 没戏院要请我表演 – 是我们 |
[53:23] | You’re going to need a better disguise. | 你需要更好的伪装 |
[53:43] | Need a volunteer. | 我需要志愿者 |
[53:45] | What happened? | 发生什么事了? |
[53:48] | Did you hurt him? | 你伤了他吗? |
[53:52] | What happened, Robert? | 怎么了 罗伯特? |
[53:55] | You, sir. | 你 |
[53:57] | Just a rubber ball, yes? Thank you. | 这只是个皮球 对吧?谢谢 |
[54:00] | Just a rubber ball, no. | 只是个皮球 |
[54:03] | Not normal. Not a normal rubber ball. | 但它一点也不普通 |
[54:06] | It’s magic. | 它有魔力 |
[54:08] | He had a new trick. | 波登有个新魔术 |
[54:24] | Was it good? | 很棒吗? |
[54:30] | It was the greatest magic trick I’ve ever seen. | 那是我看过最棒的魔术戏法 |
[54:39] | Did they applaud when you saw it? | 观众有没有鼓掌? |
[54:40] | The trick was too good, it was too simple. | 戏法太棒 太简单了 |
[54:43] | – The audience hardly had time to see it. – He’s a dreadful magician. | – 观众根本来不及看得懂 – 他是个糟糕的魔术师 |
[54:46] | No, he’s a wonderful magician. He’s a dreadful showman. | 不 他是很厉害的魔术师 只是一个糟糕的表演者 |
[54:49] | He doesn’t know how to dress it up, how to sell… | 完全不懂得包装宣传他的魔术 |
[54:51] | – How does he do it? – Uses a double. | – 那他到底怎么变的?- 他使用替身 |
[54:53] | No, no, no, it’s too simple. This is a complex illusion. | 太简单了 一定更复杂 |
[54:55] | You only say that because you don’t know the method. | 你不知道窍门才会这么说 |
[54:58] | It’s a double at the end. It’s the only way. | 后来现身的是替身 就是这样 |
[55:00] | I’ve seen him perform the trick three times now. | 我看过三次 |
[55:03] | – The Prestige is the same man. – No, it’s not. | – 是同一个人 – 不 不是 |
[55:05] | The same man comes out of that second cabinet. | 从第二道门出来的是同一人 |
[55:08] | It’s the same man. | 是同一个人 |
[55:10] | He wears padded gloves to hide his damaged fingers… | 他戴着手套掩饰断指 |
[55:13] | but if you look closely you can tell. | 仔细看就看得出来 |
[55:18] | He doesn’t know how to sell it to an audience, but I do. | 他不会吸引观众 但是我会 |
[55:20] | Yeah, well, we can use it as a climax to the show. | 我们可以用来当压轴表演 |
[55:23] | Yes. | 没错 |
[55:25] | The man stole my life, I’m gonna steal his trick. | 他毁了我一生 我就偷他的戏法 |
[55:29] | – We gotta find someone who looks like you. – He doesn’t use a double. | – 我们要找个很像你的人 – 他没有用替身 |
[55:32] | Robert, I don’t know how Borden does the trick, so either… | 罗伯特 我不知道波登的手法 |
[55:35] | You either wait for him to retire and buy the secret… | 你要不就等他退休向他买秘诀 |
[55:39] | or you listen to how I would do it. | 或是听我解释要怎么表演 |
[55:41] | And the only way that I know how to do it is to find you a bloody good double. | 我知道唯一的手段就是用替身 |
[55:47] | All right. | 好吧 |
[55:50] | Take a good look. Let’s get out there and find me. | 看清楚我的样子 去找我吧 |
[55:54] | Look. Look. | 你看 你看 |
[56:00] | What’s that? | 这是什么? |
[56:03] | That is for you. | 这是给你的 |
[56:06] | What’s this for? | 用来做什么呢? |
[56:08] | Come here. | 过来 |
[56:15] | – I asked you last week. You said you… – You caught me in a wrong mood. | – 我上礼拜问过你… – 那时候我心情不好 |
[56:19] | But you went over all the… | 但是你一直反对… |
[56:21] | Sarah, I’m allowed to change my mind, aren’t I? | 莎拉 我可以改变主意吧? |
[56:25] | The act is taking off, soon we’ll be in a bigger theater. | 我的表演很成功 换一家大剧院表演 |
[56:28] | Things will work out. | 就能赚大钱 |
[56:32] | I can’t believe it. Thank you. | 我不敢相信 谢谢你 |
[56:34] | Thank you. It’s beautiful. | 谢谢你 好美喔 |
[56:42] | Gerry? | 杰瑞 |
[56:45] | Darling, look at you. | 亲爱的 看看你 |
[56:46] | Mr. Cutter, Mr. Angier, I’d like you to meet Gerald Root. | 两位 这是杰瑞·路特 |
[56:54] | A pleasure. Pleasure to meet you fine gentlemen. | 幸会了 很荣幸认识你们 |
[56:58] | Would you like for me to tell you a little joke? Come here. | 你想听我说笑话吗?过来 |
[57:03] | There we are. Yes? | 怎样? |
[57:05] | Are you laughing now? | 你在笑吗? |
[57:10] | Oh, dear, I have to take a piss. | 我得去尿尿 |
[57:14] | – He’s out of his mind. – Of course. He’s an out-of-work actor. | – 他是个疯汉 – 当然了 他是个失业演员 |
[57:17] | He’s perfect. He needs a little help… | 他很好 外表修饰一下 |
[57:19] | but when I get done with him, he could be your brother. | 就能当你的兄弟 |
[57:22] | I don’t need him to be my brother, I need him to be me. | 我不要他当我兄弟 而是变成我 |
[57:25] | Give me a month. | 给我一个月的时间 |
[57:30] | Come around. | 过来 |
[57:33] | So you open the door and…. | 你打开门 然后… |
[57:45] | Come on. | 跳下来吧 |
[57:50] | – Couldn’t you have found a softer one? – Well, it’s not for sleeping on. | – 你就不能找个软垫子吗?- 这又不是睡觉用的 |
[57:55] | So if you come down through there… | 你从那上面跳下来 |
[57:59] | – does Root go up through there? – Yep. | – 路特就从那边上去吗?- 没错 |
[58:03] | It’s going to be amazing, Robert. | 这会令人叹为观止 |
[58:05] | Well, it has to be. Borden’s trick is getting noticed. | 一定要 波登的魔术大受欢迎 |
[58:11] | The place was packed today. | 今天已经客满了 |
[58:15] | You went and saw his show again. | 你又去看他的表演 |
[58:17] | Ready to meet yourself, Mr. Angier? | 准备见你自己吗 安先生? |
[58:28] | All I have to do is keep myself drunk… | 我只要喝得烂醉 |
[58:30] | and no one will be able to tell the difference. | 就不会被识破 |
[58:33] | Have a little faith, sir. | 你要有点信心 |
[58:35] | Now, would you favor us with a performance, Mr. Root? | 路先生 麻烦你表演吧 |
[58:43] | Jesus. | 老天爷 |
[59:00] | Yes, you would drink too if you knew the world half as well as I do. | 你若像我看尽人情冷暖 也会借酒浇愁 |
[59:07] | Did you think you were unique? | 你以为你很特别吗? |
[59:09] | I have been Caesar. I played Faust. | 我扮演过凯撒跟浮士德 |
[59:12] | How difficult could it possibly be to play the Great Danton? | 扮你这丹顿大师能有多难? |
[59:15] | You can go back to being yourself now, Root, for nothing. | 你可以变回自己了 不然开除你 |
[59:18] | I’d rather be him for now. | 我宁愿变成他 |
[59:20] | I find it amusing. | 我发现这还蛮好玩的 |
[59:27] | My liege, I did deny no prisoners. | 吾王 我确实否认没有囚犯… |
[59:32] | – You look wonderful. – Oh, thank you. | – 你扮得好像哦 – 谢了 |
[59:34] | Root has to keep a low profile. Anyone sees him, the game’s up. | 路特必须保持低调 被人看到 我们就玩完了 |
[59:37] | I don’t know how you do these things. I’m not sure I wanna know. | 我不知道你的做法 我也不想知道 |
[59:41] | Have you thought what we should call the trick? | 你决定这魔术叫什么吗? |
[59:43] | There’s no point in being coy. | 没必要遮遮掩掩 |
[59:44] | Borden calls his trick “The Transported Man.” | 波登称他的表演为 “移形遁影术” |
[59:51] | Ladies and gentlemen, much of what you’ve seen tonight… | 各位 你们今晚看到的 |
[59:54] | may be termed as illusions or entertaining trifles. | 多半都是魔术或是小把戏 |
[1:00:02] | Alas… | 但是… |
[1:00:06] | I cannot claim this next feat as illusion. | 下一个表演并不是魔术 |
[1:00:09] | Watch carefully. | 仔细看 |
[1:00:12] | You’ll see no trickery… | 绝对看不到机关 |
[1:00:15] | for no trickery is employed. | 因为这是真的 |
[1:00:17] | Merely a technique familiar to certain citizens of the Orient… | 只有遥远东方的奇人异士 |
[1:00:21] | and various holy men of the Himalayas. | 以及喜马拉雅山的圣者才会 |
[1:00:26] | Indeed, many of you may be familiar with this technique… | 的确 有些观众看过这个表演 |
[1:00:29] | but for those of you who aren’t, do not be alarmed… | 没看过的 请不要紧张 |
[1:00:33] | what you’re about to see is considered safe. | 这个表演绝对安全 |
[1:01:08] | To our achievement. | 敬我们的成功 |
[1:01:10] | The manager says he’s never seen a reaction like it. | 经理说他没看过这种热烈反应 |
[1:01:13] | At least he got to see it. I spent the ovation hiding under the stage. | 至少他看到了 我只能躲在台下 |
[1:01:17] | No one cares about the man who disappears into the box. | 观众才懒得管消失的人 |
[1:01:19] | They care about the one who comes out. | 他们只在乎现身的大师 |
[1:01:21] | – I care about the man in the box. – Thank you. | – 我就关心消失的人 – 谢谢你 |
[1:01:24] | I don’t know. Maybe… Maybe we could switch before the trick. | 也许我们能换过来 |
[1:01:28] | I could be the Prestige and Root ends up below. | 由我来现身 让路特跳到舞台底下 |
[1:01:30] | No, the anticipation of the trick is everything. | 不行 观众的期望最重要 |
[1:01:33] | We need your showmanship to build up the suspense. | 你的舞台魅力才能营造张力 |
[1:01:36] | Once Root opens his mouth, it’s over. He can’t introduce this trick. | 他一开口就完了 没办法表演 |
[1:01:39] | Of course I can. I’m the Great Danton. | 我当然行 我是丹顿大师 |
[1:01:42] | Root, you bloody fool. Get out of that wardrobe and makeup. | 你这猪头 把这身装扮脱掉 |
[1:01:46] | Anyone could walk in here at any minute. | 随时都可能有人经过 |
[1:01:49] | Congratulations, all. | 恭喜了 各位 |
[1:01:51] | Life is not full of these moments, Robbie. We worked hard. | 成功不是偶然的 我们很努力 |
[1:01:55] | We need to celebrate properly. | 我们要好好庆祝 |
[1:02:00] | What’s wrong? ls it your wife? | 怎么了?想起你太太了? |
[1:02:03] | No. No, it’s the trick. lt isn’t good enough. | 不是 这魔术还不够好 |
[1:02:05] | Borden’s trick is nothing compared to ours. He has no style. | 波登比不上我们 他没有格调 |
[1:02:08] | Well, he doesn’t spend the finale hiding under the stage. | 他最后不必躲在舞台底下 |
[1:02:12] | I need to know how he does it. | 我要知道他的做法 |
[1:02:14] | – Why? – So I can do it better. | – 为什么?- 这样我就可以做得更好 |
[1:02:20] | I need you to go and work for him. | 我要你去当他的助手 |
[1:02:25] | Work for him? Are you joking? | 当他的助手?你在开玩笑吗? |
[1:02:28] | You’ll be my spy. | 你得当我的间谍 |
[1:02:30] | We just got our start. You want me to leave? | 我们才刚成功 你就要我走? |
[1:02:32] | That’s how we advance. Think of it, Olivia. | 这样才能进步 想想看 |
[1:02:34] | We got people excited, but imagine what we could do with the real illusion. | 柯特的伎俩已经让观众兴奋了 用正版魔术岂不更受欢迎 |
[1:02:38] | We’d have the greatest magic act anyone’s ever seen. | 这将是前所未见的伟大魔术 |
[1:02:42] | He knows I work for you. | 他知道我是你的助手 |
[1:02:44] | Exactly why he’ll wanna hire you. He’ll want my secret. | 他才会用你来打探我的秘诀 |
[1:02:47] | – Why would he trust me? – Because you’re gonna tell him the truth. | – 他凭什么信任我?- 因为你要告诉他真相 |
[1:03:03] | Good girl. | 乖女孩 |
[1:03:08] | You must be curious to see what so much money has bought you, Mr. Angier. | 你一定想知道 花大钱买到的是什么 |
[1:03:12] | It’s fitting you should be here for maiden voyage. | 你正好来目睹我们的处女秀 |
[1:03:15] | Your hat. | 你的高帽 |
[1:03:24] | You might wanna stand back. | 你最好退后一点 |
[1:03:48] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[1:03:49] | Perhaps it would be best if you left us to it. | 让我们来处理就好了 |
[1:03:51] | – Is there a problem, Mr. Tesla? – No, no, no. | – 有问题吗 泰斯拉?- 没有 |
[1:03:54] | – Come back next week. – Next week? | – 下星期再回来 – 下星期? |
[1:03:55] | – Come back… Next week, it’ll be fine. – Tesla. | – 下星期就没问题 – 泰斯拉 |
[1:03:58] | She’s just a little temperamental sometimes. | 机器有时候也会闹脾气 |
[1:04:05] | – Interesting workshop. – Yeah, we make do. | – 很不错的工作室 – 我们尽力了 |
[1:04:08] | – My name is Olivia Wenscombe… – I know who you are. | – 我是奥莉薇雅 – 我知道 |
[1:04:11] | You here to steal my show? | 你来偷我的秘诀? |
[1:04:12] | I’m here to give it what it’s missing. | 我有你缺少的东西 |
[1:04:14] | – Yeah? What might that be? – Me. | – 我缺少什么?- 我 |
[1:04:19] | I was just saying that, wasn’t I, Bernard? Woman’s touch. | 我刚才正在说… 我们需要女性魅力 |
[1:04:23] | – I’ve left Angier. – All right. | – 我离开安杰 – 很好 |
[1:04:25] | – I want a job. – Yeah? | – 我需要工作 – 是吗? |
[1:04:28] | – I know you’ve no reason to trust me… – Why wouldn’t I trust you? | – 我知道你一定不信任我 – 我为什么不信任你? |
[1:04:31] | I mean, you’re only the mistress of my enemy. Why wouldn’t I trust you? | 你是我敌手的情人 当然能信任 |
[1:04:37] | – Mr. Borden… – Alfred. | – 波登先生 – 艾佛 |
[1:04:41] | I’m going to tell you the truth. | 我要告诉你事实 |
[1:04:43] | Now that is a slippery notion in our line of work… | 干我们这行 没有所谓的事实 |
[1:04:46] | isn’t it, Miss Wenscombe? | 不是吗?温小姐 |
[1:04:49] | I am here because he sent me here. | 我会来这里 是安杰派我来的 |
[1:04:52] | He wants me to work for you and steal your secret. | 他要我替你工作 偷你的秘诀 |
[1:04:55] | What does he need my secret for? | 为什么? |
[1:04:57] | His trick is top-notch. | 他的魔术算顶尖了 |
[1:04:59] | He vanishes and then he reappears on the other side of the stage… | 他消失后 立刻出现在舞台另一边 |
[1:05:02] | mute, overweight and, unless I’m mistaken, very drunk. | 痴肥又不开口 而且喝得烂醉 |
[1:05:06] | It’s astonishing. How does he do it? | 不过还是很棒 何必偷我的? |
[1:05:08] | And tell me, Olivia, does he enjoy taking his bows under the stage? | 告诉我 他喜欢躲在台下吗? |
[1:05:13] | No, it’s killing him. | 他快抓狂了 |
[1:05:14] | He’s obsessed with discovering your methods. | 他像着了魔似的 |
[1:05:17] | He thinks of nothing else. | 只想知道你的手法 |
[1:05:18] | He takes no pleasure in our success, and I’ve had enough. | 表演成功还不满足 我受够了 |
[1:05:21] | There is no future with him. | 跟他在一起没有未来 |
[1:05:25] | He sent me here to steal your secrets, but I’ve actually come to offer you his. | 他派我来偷你的秘诀 我来告诉你他的秘密 |
[1:05:29] | This is the truth, is it? | 这是实话吗? |
[1:05:37] | Think you’d better get dressed, sir. | 你赶快把衣服穿好 |
[1:05:39] | Root, you’re late and more drunk than usual. | 你迟到了 而且比平常更醉 |
[1:05:41] | – Now, get down below stairs right away. – No. | – 立刻给我躲进舞台下面 – 不 |
[1:05:45] | No, we need to have a little chat, Mr. Cutter. | 我们得聊一聊 柯特先生 |
[1:05:49] | We have a problem. | 麻烦大了 |
[1:05:50] | Cutter, Borden is performing right across the street. | 波登就在对街表演 |
[1:05:53] | Yeah? We have a bigger problem. | 这里的问题更大 |
[1:05:56] | Root. He’s realized he can make demands. | 路特发现他可以狮子大开口 |
[1:06:00] | Wha…? He’s blackmailing us? | 他要勒索我们? |
[1:06:02] | I was surprised, to tell you the truth. It usually takes them longer to figure it out. | 我倒是很惊讶 这种人通常过很久才会想通 |
[1:06:06] | – Well, how much does he want? – Well, it makes no difference. | – 他要多少?- 这不是重点 |
[1:06:09] | – We gotta stop doing the trick. – Stop the trick? Cutter, look at this. | – 我们得暂停演出 – 暂停演出?你看看 |
[1:06:13] | Well, look at yesterday’s, look at last week… | 你看看上礼拜的报纸 |
[1:06:15] | where they said you were the premier stage performer in London. | 他们说你是伦敦首席表演家 |
[1:06:18] | Not magician, mind you. | 不是魔术师 |
[1:06:20] | – Performer of any kind. – Well, what’s your point? | – 而是表演家 – 你想说什么? |
[1:06:23] | My point is, Robert, is you’ve climbed too high… | 你成名太快 |
[1:06:25] | to get away with professional embarrassment. | 不能出纰漏 |
[1:06:28] | We don’t do any tricks we can’t control. | 最好别表演无法掌控的魔术 |
[1:06:33] | Just pay him whatever he wants for now. | 他想要多少都给他 |
[1:06:35] | We keep doing the trick until Borden opens and then we’ll phase it out. | 继续表演 直到波登开幕 我们再喊停 |
[1:06:40] | All right. | 好吧 |
[1:06:44] | Cutter was always surprised how fast Root turned bad. | 柯特很惊讶路特这么快就造反 |
[1:06:48] | To what do I owe the pleasure of this rather welcome pint of ale? | 我何德何能被你请喝啤酒? |
[1:06:53] | You’re the Great Danton, aren’t you? | 你是丹顿大师 对吧? |
[1:06:56] | Of course I am, but don’t advertise it because I’ll be mobbed with fans. | 当然 别声张 我怕被骚扰 |
[1:07:00] | We paid him enough to keep him in beers… | 我们给他钱喝酒 |
[1:07:02] | so you wouldn’t expect him to rock the boat. | 以防他扯后腿 |
[1:07:04] | Indeed, many of you may be familiar with this technique. | 各位可能看过这个魔术 |
[1:07:07] | But for those of you who aren’t, do not be alarmed… | 没看过的人不要紧张 |
[1:07:10] | what you’re about to see is considered safe. | 这个魔术很安全 |
[1:07:14] | And who are you? | 你是谁? |
[1:07:15] | I am a humble admirer and a fellow practitioner. | 我是个仰慕者 也是魔术师 |
[1:07:21] | very good. | 非常好 |
[1:07:32] | – Another? – Oh, if you insist. | – 再来一杯?- 如果你要请客 |
[1:07:35] | – Another. – I’m not performing tonight. | – 再来一杯 – 我今晚没有演出 |
[1:07:37] | Well, I’m only doing one show… | 我只负责表演 |
[1:07:39] | but to be frank, my people pretty much run things these days. | 一切都由其他人安排 |
[1:07:42] | Get up there! | 给我上去 |
[1:07:45] | Get up! | 上去 |
[1:07:46] | Your illusion, The Transported Man… | 你的移形遁影术 |
[1:07:48] | I’m not claiming to know your methods or anything… | 我并不知道其中秘密 |
[1:07:52] | but I had a similar trick in my act, and I used a double. | 但是我以前也有类似的表演 而且 我用一个替身 |
[1:08:00] | I see. very good. | 我懂了 很好 |
[1:08:01] | Well, it was, and then it went bad. | 结果出了麻烦 |
[1:08:04] | What I didn’t count on, was that when I incorporated this bloke into my act… | 我没料到替身竟然喧宾夺主 |
[1:08:09] | he had complete power over me. | 把我的光彩全部夺走 |
[1:08:12] | Complete power, you say. | 完全夺走? |
[1:08:32] | Be very careful giving someone that power over you. | 千万别让别人夺走你的光彩 |
[1:08:39] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:08:41] | Yes, thank you for the warning. | 谢谢你的忠告 |
[1:08:46] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[1:08:48] | I cannot claim this next feat as illusion. | 下一个表演并不是魔术 |
[1:08:51] | What you’re about to see is considered safe. | 不过这个表演很安全 |
[1:09:35] | The Great Danton. | 伟大的丹顿大师 |
[1:09:43] | I apologize. | 我在此致歉 |
[1:09:45] | There simply is too much magic… | 我在对街的表演太精彩 |
[1:09:49] | for my stage at the Pantages across the street. | 不小心把自己变到这里来 |
[1:09:55] | – Bravo! – Bravo! | – 太棒了 – 太棒了 |
[1:09:58] | Pardon my intrusion. | 抱歉打扰了 |
[1:10:02] | – Bravo! – And go easy on the poor chap. | – 太棒了 – 放过他吧 |
[1:10:05] | He does try so very hard. | 他已经很努力了 |
[1:10:11] | I don’t know how Borden found him. | 我不知道波登怎么找到他的 |
[1:10:13] | Kept him under wraps, I was careful. | 我很小心把他藏好 |
[1:10:15] | Yeah, well, he did. | 还是被他找到了 |
[1:10:18] | Do you think it was her? | 是她泄的密吗? |
[1:10:26] | You weren’t expecting me? | 你没料到是我吧? |
[1:10:29] | I was expecting you sooner. Your message said afternoon. | 你来晚了 你明明约下午 |
[1:10:32] | It takes a bit for me to get around these days. | 最近我的行动不便 |
[1:10:34] | He’s taken everything from me. | 他从我身边夺走一切 |
[1:10:36] | My wife, my career, now you. | 妻子 事业 还有你 |
[1:10:39] | What do you mean? You sent me… | 是你派我来的 |
[1:10:40] | I sent you to steal his secret, not to improve his act. | 我派你 是要你偷他的秘诀 不是帮助他 |
[1:10:43] | – That’s my job. – Or fall in love. | – 那是我的工作 – 或是爱上他 |
[1:10:45] | – I did everything you asked! – Yes? Yes? | – 我照你的话去做 – 是吗? |
[1:10:48] | – Then how does he do it? – Cutter was right, a double. | – 他到底用什么手法?- 柯特说的对 他用替身 |
[1:10:50] | – Of course Borden said that. – He didn’t say anything. I’ve seen things. | – 波登当然这么说 – 他什么都没说 |
[1:10:54] | Makeup, glasses, wigs. We don’t use it for the show, but I’ve seen it backstage. | 我看到化妆 眼镜 假发 我们没用到 不过都藏在后台 |
[1:10:58] | It’s misdirection. He leaves things around to make you think he’s using a double. | 他故意让你误以为他用替身 |
[1:11:02] | All the time? He doesn’t know when I look. | 随时随地吗?不可能 |
[1:11:04] | All the time, Olivia! | 随时随地 |
[1:11:06] | That’s who he is! That’s what it takes! | 他就是这种人 你不懂吗? |
[1:11:08] | He lives his act! Don’t you see? | 他一直在演戏 |
[1:11:13] | Just because you’re sleeping with him doesn’t mean he trusts you. | 他跟你上床不代表他信任你 |
[1:11:16] | You think you can see everything, don’t you? | 你以为你什么都知道? |
[1:11:19] | But the Great Danton is a blind fool. His notebook. | 丹顿大师是睁眼瞎子 这是他的笔记 |
[1:11:24] | You stole it? | 你偷的? |
[1:11:27] | I borrowed it for tonight. | 借来的 只有今晚 |
[1:11:29] | I thought you could translate it, but now… | 我想你可以翻译… |
[1:11:31] | – I can’t. – You can’t? | – 不行 – 你不行? |
[1:11:35] | Even with the keyword it would take months to decode. | 就算有关键字 也得花几个月 |
[1:11:38] | – And without the keyword? – Perhaps never. | – 没有关键字呢?- 那就没辙了 |
[1:11:42] | – We’ll see. – We will not see. | – 等着瞧吧 – 不能等了 |
[1:11:43] | If I don’t get that back to him tomorrow, he’ll know I took it. | 我明早不放回去 他就知道是我偷的 |
[1:11:46] | – Leave him. – I can’t. He knows where I live. | – 离开他 – 不行 他知道我住哪里 |
[1:11:50] | This is his diary, Olivia. | 这是他的日记 |
[1:11:52] | All of his secrets are right here in my hands. | 他的秘密都掌握在我手里 |
[1:11:56] | Won’t bring your wife back. | 这不能让你妻子复生 |
[1:11:57] | I don’t care about my wife, I care about his secret. | 我才不在乎 我只要他的秘密 |
[1:12:13] | Look… | 听着 |
[1:12:16] | I’ll go to his workshop and stage a break-in. | 我去他的工作室布置成闯空门 |
[1:12:18] | – He’ll know you took it. – Yes, me. Not you. | – 他会知道是你拿走的 – 对 是我 不是你 |
[1:12:22] | Understand? | 懂吗? |
[1:12:33] | Robert. | 罗伯特? |
[1:12:36] | I have fallen in love with him. | 我已经爱上他了 |
[1:12:40] | Then I know how hard this has been for you. | 那我就知道你有多为难了 |
[1:12:51] | Notebook? | 他偷了笔记? |
[1:12:55] | Then he’s just getting started. | 他不会就此罢手 |
[1:13:28] | – Good evening. – Professor. | – 晚安 – 大师 |
[1:13:29] | – Could I get your autograph? – Professor. | – 能说句话吗?- 大师 |
[1:13:33] | I’m walking tonight. | 我今晚走路回家 |
[1:13:36] | Let him come. I don’t care. | 让他来吧 我不在乎 |
[1:13:38] | – Professor. – Professor. | – 大师 – 大师 |
[1:15:05] | – You all right? – I’m alive. | – 你没事吧?- 死不了 |
[1:15:08] | Saves me cutting you an air hole. | 这样也省得我开个通风孔 |
[1:15:24] | – I’m impressed. – Why’s that? | – 我很佩服你 – 为什么? |
[1:15:27] | You’re finally getting your hands dirty. | 你终于动手杀生了 |
[1:15:30] | It’s what a good trick costs, Angier. | 这就是伟大魔术的代价 |
[1:15:33] | Risk. | 冒险 |
[1:15:34] | Sacrifice. | 牺牲 |
[1:15:36] | The sacrifice, I’m afraid, is gonna be yours, unless you give me what I want. | 不给我我要的 只有你会被牺牲 |
[1:15:41] | – Which is? – Your secret. | – 你要什么?- 你的秘密 |
[1:15:44] | My secret? | 我的秘密? |
[1:15:46] | Your method for The Transported Man. | 移形遁影术的手法 |
[1:15:48] | Fallon wouldn’t tell me. He doesn’t seem to talk at all. | 法隆不肯说 他根本不会说话 |
[1:15:51] | You have my notebook. | 你拿到了我的笔记 |
[1:15:52] | Useless without the keyword. | 少了关键字也没用 |
[1:15:56] | Write down your method, Mr. Borden. | 写出你的手法 |
[1:15:58] | Describe it in full. | 详细写出来 |
[1:16:13] | I want the whole method, not the keyword. | 我要你的手法 不只是关键字 |
[1:16:15] | I don’t even know if your secret’s in your notebook. | 你的笔记也许根本没记载 |
[1:16:18] | The keyword is the method. | 关键字就是我的手法 |
[1:16:24] | Where’s my engineer? | 我的机关师呢? |
[1:16:32] | – Alive? – How fast can you dig? | – 他还活着吗?- 看你能挖多快 |
[1:16:37] | Fallon! You hear me? Fallon! | 法隆 听得见吗?法隆 |
[1:16:42] | – How’s the arm? – Still attached. | – 你的手臂怎样?- 幸好还在 |
[1:16:46] | – Did you find your answer? – Our answer. | – 找到你的答案了吗?- 我们的答案 |
[1:16:48] | Cutter, I haven’t looked yet. I wanted you to share this. | 我还没看 我们一起看 |
[1:16:51] | I already know how he does it, Robert. | 我已经知道他是怎么变的 |
[1:16:54] | The same way he always has. The same way as we do. | 他一贯的手法 跟我们一样 |
[1:16:57] | It’s just that you want something more. | 但是你却不死心 |
[1:17:00] | Well, let’s find out then, shall we? | 我们一起看吧 好吗? |
[1:17:07] | What does it mean? | 这是什么意思? |
[1:17:16] | It means, Cutter, we have a journey ahead of us. | 意思就是 我们得去旅行 |
[1:17:18] | – To America. – Robert? | – 到美国 – 罗伯特 |
[1:17:21] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[1:17:24] | Obsession is a young man’s game. | 着魔是年轻人玩的游戏 |
[1:17:28] | – Oh, come on. – I can’t follow you any further in it. | – 别这么说 – 我没办法再帮你了 |
[1:17:33] | I can’t. I’m sorry. | 不行了 很抱歉 |
[1:17:39] | Then the rest is up to me. | 我只好一个人去了 |
[1:17:43] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[1:17:50] | Good evening. Hello, darling. | 晚安 你好 亲爱的 |
[1:17:54] | Champagne, your finest. | 来瓶最好的香槟 |
[1:17:56] | I didn’t know we were going to be joined for dinner. | 我不知道会有客人 |
[1:17:58] | – Absolutely. We are celebrating. – Miss Wenscombe. | – 当然 大家要好好庆祝 – 温小姐 |
[1:18:01] | Mr. Fallon. Well, what are we celebrating? | 法隆先生 我们要庆祝什么? |
[1:18:04] | Well, we’ve hit upon a new trick, haven’t we, Fallon? | 我们有新的魔术 对吧? |
[1:18:07] | – What trick, Freddy? – Yes, Freddy, what trick? | – 佛迪 什么魔术?- 是啊 佛迪 什么魔术? |
[1:18:10] | I am going to bury myself alive every night… | 我每天晚上要把自己活埋 |
[1:18:14] | and then someone will come along and dig me up. Wonderful. | 然后找人来把我挖出来 |
[1:18:18] | – No, I think my husband’s had quite enough. – No, pour the champagne. Come on, pour… | – 我老公酒喝多了 – 倒香槟 来吧 |
[1:18:22] | Right. Sarah, don’t talk to me like that. I’m not a child. | 莎拉 别把我当三岁小孩 |
[1:18:25] | – Perhaps it would… – Perhaps, Mr. Fallon… | – 我最好先走… – 法隆 |
[1:18:28] | you might escort Miss Wenscombe home. My husband’s being a bore. | 请送温小姐回家 我老公很没礼貌 |
[1:18:31] | – I see no reason why you have to suffer. – Oh, please. Don’t ruin this evening. | – 何必让你们受罪 – 别这么扫兴嘛 |
[1:18:38] | Good night, Mrs. Borden. Good night, Freddy. | 晚安 波登夫人 晚安 佛迪 |
[1:18:45] | – “Freddy”? – Well, that’s my name. | – 佛迪?- 那是我的名字 |
[1:18:47] | – Not at home. – Well, I’m not always at home, am I? | – 在家里不是 – 我又不常在家 对吧? |
[1:18:53] | Well, couldn’t you have at least taken off the beard? | 你至少可以卸掉假胡子吧? |
[1:18:56] | Sarah, I just came from the bloody theater just now. | 莎拉 我才刚表演完 |
[1:19:00] | All right? And I’m out in public. | 大家都喜欢我这个模样 |
[1:19:01] | – Everybody else loves it. – Why are you being like this, Alfred? | – 大家都喜欢 – 你怎么会变成这样? |
[1:19:05] | I had a terrible ordeal today. | 我今天真的很不顺 |
[1:19:08] | I thought that something very precious… | 差点失去一件 |
[1:19:13] | had been lost to me. | 很宝贵的东西 |
[1:19:15] | So I just wanted to celebrate. Just a little. | 我只想稍微庆祝一下 |
[1:19:18] | All right, what? | 什么? |
[1:19:20] | What did you lose? | 你失去了什么? |
[1:19:27] | I see, more secrets. | 又是更多的秘密 |
[1:19:29] | Sarah, secrets are my life. | 莎拉 秘密是我的生活重心 |
[1:19:34] | – Our life. – No, Alfred, stop. | – 我们的生活 – 艾佛 别再演了 |
[1:19:36] | This isn’t you. Stop performing. | 这不是你 别再演了 |
[1:20:04] | I thought I had the place to myself, Mr. Brent. | 我以为我是唯一的客人 |
[1:20:07] | Unexpected guests. | 有个不速之客 |
[1:20:08] | Not very polite. A lot of questions. | 很没礼貌 问一大堆问题 |
[1:20:12] | First I thought they might work for the government. | 我以为他们替政府工作 |
[1:20:15] | – No? – Worse. | – 不是吗?- 更糟 |
[1:20:17] | They work for Thomas Edison. | 他们是爱迪生的手下 |
[1:20:20] | Today, a most curious development. | 今天有不寻常的发展 |
[1:20:23] | His assistant came to us with a proposition. | 他的女助手来找我 |
[1:20:28] | Obviously, Angier has sent her and told her to admit as much. | 安杰派她来 承认自己卧底 |
[1:20:31] | Does he enjoy taking his bows under the stage? | 他喜欢躲在台下吗? |
[1:20:34] | He sent me here to steal your secrets, but I’ve actually come to offer you his. | 他派我来偷你秘诀 我来告诉你他的秘密 |
[1:20:38] | This is the truth, is it? | 这是实话吗? |
[1:20:50] | No, that’s what he told me to tell you. The truth… | 不 这是他叫我说的 |
[1:20:54] | is that I loved him, and I stood by him, and he sent me to you… | 其实我是爱他的 一直在帮他 |
[1:20:58] | Iike he would send a stagehand to pick up his shirts. | 但是他把我当跑腿小妹 派我来 |
[1:21:01] | I hate him for that. | 我恨他这样对我 |
[1:21:04] | I can spot Angier’s methods from the back of the theater. | 我从大老远就看出安杰的手法 |
[1:21:09] | So, what could you possibly have to offer me? | 你能给我什么? |
[1:21:12] | You know how he does his tricks, but you can’t understand… | 你或许知道他的手法 但是你不懂 |
[1:21:15] | why no one can see yours are better. You hide this. | 大家看不出你比较厉害 你把断指包起来 |
[1:21:17] | I had to look very closely to spot it when you were performing The Transported Man… | 我要很仔细看才看得出来 |
[1:21:21] | but this makes you unique. | 不过这是你的优势 |
[1:21:24] | It shows the audience you aren’t using a double. | 这代表你没有用替身 |
[1:21:26] | You mustn’t hide it, display it proudly. | 别把手包起来 要大方秀出来 |
[1:21:29] | I’m sure it takes great skill to perform illusions with one good hand. | 你只用一只手变魔术一定很厉害 |
[1:21:33] | Yeah, it does. | 对 没错 |
[1:21:37] | So let people know. | 你要让大家知道 |
[1:21:40] | You could be so much more than he is, and I can show you how. | 你比他高杆 我可以教你怎么成名 |
[1:21:46] | I think she’s telling the truth. | 我想她说的是真话 |
[1:21:48] | I think we cannot trust her. | 不过我们不能信任她 |
[1:21:54] | But I love her. I need her. | 但是我爱她 也需要她 |
[1:21:58] | To open myself to such a relationship… | 打开心房 接受这段感情 |
[1:22:01] | to the dangers of such an affair… | 面对外遇的危险 |
[1:22:05] | I need assurances of fidelity. Of love. | 我必须确认她对我忠贞不二 |
[1:22:11] | But how to be sure? | 该怎么确信呢? |
[1:22:15] | I know a way. It’s the only way to know her mind. | 我有个方法 那是了解她心意的唯一方法 |
[1:22:19] | How could he send you away? | 他怎么舍得让你离开? |
[1:22:23] | She must help me rid ourselves of Angier. | 她必须帮我们除掉安杰 |
[1:22:32] | Today, my mistress proves her truthfulness. | 今天我的情妇证明了她的真心 |
[1:22:35] | Not to me, you understand. | 不是向我证明 |
[1:22:38] | I’ve been convinced since she led me to Root. | 她带我去找路特时 我就相信她了 |
[1:22:40] | Today, Olivia proves her love for me to you, Angier. | 今天她在你面前证明她爱我 |
[1:22:46] | Yes, Angier. | 没错 安杰 |
[1:22:48] | She gave you this notebook at my request. | 是我要她把笔记交给你 |
[1:22:50] | And, yes, “Tesla ” is merely the key to my diary, not to my trick. | “泰斯拉” 只是关键字 不是秘诀 |
[1:22:56] | Did you really think I’d part with my secret so easily after so much? | 你以为我会轻易把秘诀给你? |
[1:23:00] | Goodbye, Angier. | 再见 安杰 |
[1:23:02] | May you find solace for your thwarted ambition back in your American home. | 祝你在美国的新家找到安慰 |
[1:23:16] | Tesla! | 泰斯拉… |
[1:23:19] | Tesla! Alley! Alley! | 泰斯拉…艾利 艾利… |
[1:23:24] | Tesla never made a machine like the one I asked for. | 泰斯拉根本没打造我要的机器 |
[1:23:26] | – We never said he had. – But you let me believe that he had. | – 我们没说他有啊 – 但你让我认为他有 |
[1:23:29] | You stole my money because your funding had been cut off. | 你们资金用完 所以骗我的钱 |
[1:23:32] | You’ve been shooting sparks at my top hat, laughing at me all along… | 拿我的高帽做实验 一边嘲笑我 |
[1:23:36] | while using my money to stave off ruin. | 一边拿我的钱来花 |
[1:23:40] | – Now, I have seen Edison’s men. – Where? | – 我看到爱迪生的人 – 在哪里? |
[1:23:42] | In the hotel. And I have every mind to bring them up here myself. | 旅馆 我大可以把他们带来 |
[1:23:45] | That would be unwise, Mr. Angier. | 这么做很不明智 安杰 |
[1:23:47] | It is true that you are our last remaining financier… | 你的确是我们最后的金主 |
[1:23:50] | but we have not stolen your money. | 但是我们没偷你的钱 |
[1:23:52] | Sir, my cat. | 我的猫 |
[1:23:54] | When I told you I could make your machine, I spoke a simple truth. | 我说能做出你要的机器是实话 |
[1:23:57] | – Then why isn’t the machine working? – Because exact science, Mr. Angier… | – 那机器为什么没有用?- 科学不是绝对 |
[1:24:00] | is not an exact science. | 它充满变数 |
[1:24:02] | The machine simply does not operate as expected. | 机器不一定能正常运作 |
[1:24:05] | It requires further examination. | 需要进行更多实验 |
[1:24:08] | – So where did my top hat go? – Nowhere. | – 我的高帽在哪里?- 就在这里 |
[1:24:10] | We tried the damn thing a dozen times. | 试了十几次 |
[1:24:13] | The hat went nowhere. | 帽子一直在这里 |
[1:24:15] | We need to try different material. | 我们必须试不同的东西 |
[1:24:17] | It may provoke a different result. | 才可能有不同的结果 |
[1:24:21] | Copernicus, come on. | 猫咪 过来 |
[1:24:30] | You are responsible for whatever happens to this animal, doctor. | 我的猫出了事你要负责 博士 |
[1:24:56] | I hope that whatever you were really doing with my money was more worthwhile… | 我只希望我的钱花得很值得 |
[1:25:00] | Mr. Tesla. | 泰斯拉先生 |
[1:25:57] | Alley! | 艾利 |
[1:26:01] | So the machine was working. | 机器真的有用 |
[1:26:03] | I never bothered to check the calibration because the hat never moved. | 我没去检查 因为帽子都没动 |
[1:26:06] | These things never quite work as you expect them to, Mr. Angier. | 事情总是很难如你所愿 |
[1:26:10] | That’s one of the principal beauties of science. | 这也是科学原则 |
[1:26:12] | I’ll need a couple of weeks to iron out the problems with the machine. | 我要花几个星期解决问题 |
[1:26:15] | We’ll send word when it’s ready. | 好了就通知你 |
[1:26:20] | Don’t forget your hat. | 别忘了你的帽子 |
[1:26:23] | – Well, which one is mine? – They’re all your hats, Mr. Angier. | – 哪一顶是我的?- 都是你的 安杰先生 |
[1:26:33] | You look so pretty in this new dress of yours. | 你穿这件新衣服好漂亮哦 |
[1:26:36] | – Are we going to the zoo this afternoon? – No, no, no. Daddy has some errands to run. | – 我们要去动物园吗?- 爸爸有别的事情要办 |
[1:26:40] | – But you promised. – I promised, did I? | – 你答应过我 – 是吗? |
[1:26:42] | Then go to the zoo we shall. | 那就去动物园吧 |
[1:26:44] | So Daddy will go run his errands and I’ll be back before you know it… | 我先去办事 马上就回来 |
[1:26:48] | so you go get ready. We’ll go see those chimpanzees. | 你去准备好 我们去看黑猩猩 |
[1:26:55] | Sarah. | 莎拉 |
[1:26:57] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[1:27:02] | We each of us have our vices. | 我们各自有沉迷的事情 |
[1:27:08] | Sarah, whatever you may think… | 莎拉 不管你怎么想 |
[1:27:12] | your only competition for my affections is our little girl. | 你唯一的对手是我们的女儿 |
[1:27:15] | I love you. I will always love you and you alone. | 我爱你 永远爱你 我只爱你 |
[1:27:22] | – You mean it today. – Absolutely. | – 你今天是真心的 – 一点也没错 |
[1:27:26] | Which makes it so much harder when you don’t. | 当你骗我会让我更痛苦 |
[1:27:39] | Is that more shopping? She does love the smell of money. | 又要买东西?她真是爱钱 |
[1:27:42] | The little lady wants to go to the zoo, so I thought you could take her. | 女儿想去动物园 你带她去吧 |
[1:27:45] | Yeah? I mean, I can do it tomorrow if not. | 不然我明天可以带她去 |
[1:27:48] | And Sarah, she knows. | 莎拉已经知道了 |
[1:27:54] | She… I mean, at least she knows that something’s not right… | 她知道事情有点不对劲 |
[1:27:58] | so if you can just do whatever you can to help me with her. | 请你尽量帮我安抚她的情绪 |
[1:28:02] | Talk to her. Just convince her that I do love her. | 说服她我是真的爱她 |
[1:28:17] | – What is it, Freddy? – Just don’t call me that, please. | – 佛迪 怎么了?- 别这样叫我 拜托 |
[1:28:21] | It’s nothing. It’s just, you know, there’s sometimes…. | 没事 只是有时 |
[1:28:23] | – Sometimes it seems wrong. – I’ve told you before… | – 有时我觉得很内疚 – 我说过 |
[1:28:26] | when you’re with me, you’re with me. | 跟我一起 心里只能有我 |
[1:28:28] | Leave your family at home where they belong. | 你回家再想你的家人 |
[1:28:30] | I’m trying. | 我一直在试 |
[1:28:32] | I’m trying, Olivia. | 我一直在试 我很努力 |
[1:28:34] | – I’ll get dressed. – Yeah. | – 我要换衣服了 – 好 |
[1:28:38] | I saw Fallon hanging around again. | 我看见法隆在附近晃 |
[1:28:41] | There’s something about that man I don’t trust. | 我对他不太信任 |
[1:28:43] | You trust me? Then trust Fallon. | 你信任我吗?那就信任法隆 |
[1:28:47] | He protects the things that I care about. | 他保护我在乎的东西 |
[1:29:27] | We’re sorry to see you go, Mr. Angier. | 很遗憾你要离开了 安先生 |
[1:29:30] | We were sorry to see Mr. Tesla leave as well. | 真遗憾泰斯拉也要离开 |
[1:29:33] | He was very good to Colorado Springs. | 他对这地方贡献良多 |
[1:29:35] | Mr. Angier, I didn’t think it was necessary to tell Edison’s men about the box. | 安先生 我没告诉爱迪生手下有关箱子的事 |
[1:29:42] | What box? | 什么箱子? |
[1:30:08] | I apologize for leaving without saying goodbye… | 很抱歉离开之前没向你道别 |
[1:30:12] | but I seem to have outstayed my welcome in Colorado. | 但我在这里已经不受欢迎 |
[1:30:17] | The truly extraordinary is not permitted in science and industry. | 科学和工业界不能容忍前卫科技 |
[1:30:21] | Perhaps you’ll find more luck in your field, | 大概只有你的魔术能受到肯定 |
[1:30:25] | where people are happy to be mystified. | 观众喜欢解不开的谜 |
[1:30:27] | You will find what you are looking for in this box. | 你会在箱子里找到你要的 |
[1:30:31] | Alley has written you a thorough set of instructions. | 艾利写了详细的使用说明书 |
[1:30:36] | I add only one suggestion on using the machine: | 我对你只有一个建议 |
[1:30:40] | Destroy it. | 毁了这具机器 |
[1:30:43] | Drop it to the bottom of the deepest ocean. | 将它丢进最深的海底 |
[1:30:46] | Such a thing will bring you only misery. | 它只会带给你不幸 |
[1:30:53] | Tesla’s warning is as unheeded as he knew it would be. | 如泰斯拉所料 他无视他的警告 |
[1:30:57] | Today, I tested the machine… | 今天我要测试机器 |
[1:30:59] | taking precautions in case Tesla hadn’t ironed out the kinks in its operation. | 预防它运作时出问题 |
[1:31:04] | I mean, if it went wrong, I would not wanna live like that for long. | 如果出事 我不想那样过活 |
[1:31:27] | But here at the Turn, I must leave you, Borden. | 这就是偷天换日的步骤 我要遗弃你了 波登 |
[1:31:31] | Yes, you, Borden. | 没错 就是你 波登 |
[1:31:34] | Sitting there in your cell… | 坐在牢房 |
[1:31:36] | reading my diary, awaiting your death… | 读着我的日记 因为谋杀我 |
[1:31:40] | for my murder. | 等待死亡的来临 |
[1:31:47] | Angier’s journal, that gesture of good faith, that’s a fake. | 安杰的日记 那是假的 |
[1:31:51] | I assure you, it’s not. The provenance of the journal is clear and under no doubt. | 我向你保证是真的 来历很清楚 没有疑问 |
[1:31:55] | And it’s written in Angier’s own hand, of which we had numerous examples. | 比对之后 证实是安杰的笔迹 |
[1:32:01] | It don’t matter. | 无所谓了 |
[1:32:05] | So my tricks. | 这是我的秘诀 |
[1:32:11] | – All of them. – lncluding The Transported Man? | – 全部的戏法 – 包括移形遁影术? |
[1:32:15] | Well, Lord Caldlow will be very pleased indeed. | 卡德洛爵士会很高兴 |
[1:32:18] | No, he won’t. Because they’re not complete. | 他不会的 因为不完整 |
[1:32:21] | It’s just the Pledge and the Turn for each. | 只有”以虚代实”和”偷天换日” |
[1:32:24] | Without the Prestige for these tricks… | 没有 “化腐朽为神奇” 的秘诀 |
[1:32:27] | – these are worthless. – Yeah. | – 根本就一文不值 – 没错 |
[1:32:30] | You get the rest of it when you bring my daughter here. | 想要的话就带我女儿来 |
[1:32:37] | I wanna say goodbye. | 我想跟她说再见 |
[1:32:40] | We have to go through it now. | 不 我们必须谈谈 |
[1:32:42] | Listen, we have to go through it now. Now, listen to me. | 我们必须谈谈 |
[1:32:45] | Deny it all you want. | 你可以尽管否认 |
[1:32:46] | Olivia means nothing. | 我根本就不爱奥莉薇雅 |
[1:32:49] | – Olivia? – I need an assistant. No, I’ll go to her. | – 奥莉薇雅?- 我需要助手 我会告诉她… |
[1:32:51] | – I’ll tell her I know… – Tell her what? | – 我会告诉她… – 告诉她什么? |
[1:32:53] | I know what you really are, Alfred. I…. | 我知道你的秘密 |
[1:32:58] | – I know, and I… – Sarah, Sarah. | – 我再也无法… – 莎拉 莎拉 |
[1:33:00] | – I can’t keep it in. – You can’t talk like this. | – 我再也无法隐瞒下去 – 别胡说八道 |
[1:33:02] | – Sarah, shut up. – No, no. | – 莎拉 住嘴 – 不 不 |
[1:33:05] | I don’t wanna hear it anymore! | 我不想再听了 |
[1:33:07] | You can’t talk like this! | 你不能这样 |
[1:33:11] | You can’t hide it anymore because I know, Alfred, I know. | 你瞒不住的 因为我知道 |
[1:33:15] | I know what you really are! | 我知道你的真面目 |
[1:33:17] | Alfred… | 艾佛 |
[1:33:18] | I can’t live like this. | 我不能这样过活 |
[1:33:21] | Oh, well, you think I can live like this? | 你觉得我可以这样过活? |
[1:33:23] | You think I bloody enjoy living like this? | 我很享受这种生活吗? |
[1:33:27] | We have this beautiful house… | 我们有房子 有女儿 |
[1:33:29] | Lovely little girl, we’re married. What is so wrong with your life? | 你的生活有什么不好? |
[1:33:33] | Alfred, I can’t live like this! | 我不要这种生活 |
[1:33:36] | Well, what do you want from me? | 你到底要我怎么样? |
[1:33:43] | I want…. | 我要… |
[1:33:45] | I want you to be honest with me. | 我要你对我诚实 |
[1:33:51] | No tricks… | 不耍魔术 |
[1:33:53] | no lies… | 不说谎话 |
[1:33:57] | and no secrets. | 没有秘密 |
[1:34:06] | Do you…? Do you love me? | 你爱我吗? |
[1:34:12] | Not today. | 今天不爱 |
[1:34:16] | No. | 我不爱你 |
[1:35:55] | Who’s there? | 是谁? |
[1:35:59] | I’m looking for an old friend. | 我来找位老朋友 |
[1:36:01] | I heard about a booking. | 听说有一场表演 |
[1:36:03] | Nice little theater. Good up-and-coming magician. | 不错的小戏院 魔术界的新秀 |
[1:36:05] | – You’re back. – It’s good to see you, John. | – 你回来了 – 见到你真好 约翰 |
[1:36:09] | Good rehearsal space. | 不错的排练场 |
[1:36:12] | Blind stagehands, I like it. | 瞎子助手 我喜欢 |
[1:36:14] | You always had a good eye for publicity. | 你一向都很会耍宣传噱头 |
[1:36:17] | I need your help, John. | 我需要你的帮忙 |
[1:36:19] | It’s my last show. A limited engagement. | 我最后的表演 限定场次 |
[1:36:22] | Your last show? | 你最后的表演? |
[1:36:23] | A wise man once told me obsession was a young man’s game. | 一位智者说着魔是年轻人的游戏 |
[1:36:27] | I’m almost done. | 我差不多完成了 |
[1:36:29] | There’s one thing left. | 只剩一件事 |
[1:36:32] | The Real Transported Man. | 真正的移形遁影术 |
[1:36:36] | You wanna design a show around it. | 你想要为它设计一场表演 |
[1:36:38] | I don’t want you backstage. I need you front of house, managing. | 我不要你在幕后 这次我要你在外面办事 |
[1:36:41] | I need you to call in favors or connections you have… | 我要你动用你所有的关系 |
[1:36:44] | – to get us the right booking for the run. – What sort of booking you after? | – 敲定表演场地 – 你要哪一种剧院? |
[1:36:48] | The sort that Borden can’t ignore. | 波登会注意到的大剧院 |
[1:36:58] | What an honor it is to see you again, sir. | 能再见到你真是我的荣幸 |
[1:37:00] | You told me you only wanted to show me one trick. lt piqued my interest. | 你说有一个魔术会让我很感兴趣 |
[1:37:04] | – It’s a very clever trick, Mr. Ackerman. – Pleased to meet you. | – 非常巧妙的魔术 – 幸会了 艾克曼先生 |
[1:37:07] | Likewise, I’m sure. Well, let’s get on, shall we? | 彼此彼此 开始吧 各位 |
[1:37:14] | Turn it on, gentlemen. | 开动机器了 先生们 |
[1:37:21] | very pretty. | 很漂亮 |
[1:37:33] | That’s it, Cutter? He simply disappears? | 就这样?他就这样消失了? |
[1:37:36] | That’s not a trick. Well, he has to come back. | 这不是魔术 他必须回来啊 |
[1:37:39] | – There has to be a… – A Prestige? | – 他必须… – 化腐朽为神奇? |
[1:37:41] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[1:37:45] | Pardon me. | 原谅我 |
[1:37:48] | It’s very rare to see… | 很难得见到… |
[1:37:51] | real magic. | 真正的魔术 |
[1:37:54] | – Yes, it’s been many years since I’ve seen… – Are you interested in helping us? | – 我有很多年没见到… – 有兴趣帮助我们吗? |
[1:38:00] | Yes. | 当然 |
[1:38:02] | But you’ll have to dress it up a little. | 不过你得稍微包装一下 |
[1:38:06] | Disguise it. | 加一点伪装 |
[1:38:09] | Give them enough reason to doubt it. | 让观众有怀疑的理由 |
[1:38:12] | You haven’t spoken about her, Freddy. Not once. | 你都没谈到莎拉 半句也没有 |
[1:38:16] | Why would I talk about her to you? | 我们为什么要谈她? |
[1:38:20] | Because she was a part of your life. | 她曾是你生命的一部分 |
[1:38:22] | And now she’s gone. | 现在她死了 |
[1:38:26] | You know, the day before she killed herself, she said she wanted to meet me. | 她自杀前一天说她想见我 |
[1:38:31] | That she had something to tell me about you. | 她想告诉我关于你的事 |
[1:38:34] | I was such a coward, I couldn’t bring myself to face her. | 但是我没胆量 不敢去见她 |
[1:38:37] | But… | 不过… |
[1:38:41] | what would she have said? | 她想跟我说什么? |
[1:38:43] | You wanna know the truth about me? | 你想知道我的真相? |
[1:38:47] | Truth is that… | 真相是… |
[1:38:52] | I never loved Sarah. | 我从来没爱过莎拉 |
[1:38:55] | I never loved her. | 我不爱她 |
[1:38:56] | – You married her. You had a child with her. – Yes, yes. Part of me. | – 你娶了她 你们有个孩子 – 那是一半的我 |
[1:39:00] | Part of me did, but the other part didn’t. | 有一半是我 另一半不是我 |
[1:39:04] | The part that found you. The part that’s sitting here right now. | 这个我遇见了你 坐在你面前 |
[1:39:08] | I love you. | 我爱的是你 |
[1:39:10] | No, Olivia, I love you. That’s the truth. | 我爱你 这才是真相 |
[1:39:13] | That is the truth that matters. | 这个真相才重要 |
[1:39:16] | You could be in some other restaurant with some other woman right now… | 你也很可能在另一家餐厅 |
[1:39:20] | talking about me that way. | 对别的女人这么说我 |
[1:39:22] | – No. – Yes. | – 不会 – 你会的 |
[1:39:27] | It’s inhuman to be so cold. | 你冷酷得真没人性 |
[1:39:37] | He’s back. After two years. | 他回来了 事隔两年 |
[1:39:41] | He’s got a new trick. They’re saying it’s the best London’s ever seen. | 他有了新魔术 大家都说是前所未见的表演 |
[1:39:47] | You should see the look on your face, Professor. | 你该看看你的表情 大师 |
[1:39:52] | You should go to him. | 你应该去见他 |
[1:39:54] | You two deserve each other. | 你们俩是绝配 |
[1:40:01] | I’m afraid I’m booked. The Moscow Ballet, they’ll be playing through next year. | 有人订下我的剧院 莫斯科芭蕾舞团要演到明年 |
[1:40:05] | Then get rid of them. There’ll be a hundred performances. | 取消他们的演出 我要做一百场演出 |
[1:40:08] | No more, no less. | 不多也不少 |
[1:40:10] | Five performances a week. No matinees. | 每周五场 没有下午场 |
[1:40:14] | And that’s what you’ll be charging for each ticket. Good day. | 这是门票的价格 祝愉快 |
[1:40:40] | Ladies and gentlemen, my first trick of the evening… | 各位 我今晚的… |
[1:40:43] | is one that involves considerable risk. | 第一个表演非常危险 |
[1:40:46] | Anyone in the audience who would be irrevocably damaged… | 怕看到有人被淹死的观众 |
[1:40:49] | by seeing a man drown should leave now. | 请离席 |
[1:40:52] | For when I tell you the young lady who taught me this illusion… | 教我这招魔术的女孩 |
[1:40:55] | actually died performing it… | 在表演时溺死 |
[1:40:57] | you will understand the seriousness of the dangers involved. | 你们应该了解这有多危险 |
[1:41:02] | Let’s begin. | 开始吧 |
[1:41:14] | In my travels, I have seen the future… | 我在旅行中看见了未来 |
[1:41:19] | and it is a strange future indeed. | 非常奇异的未来 |
[1:41:22] | The world, ladies and gentlemen… | 各位先生女士 |
[1:41:25] | is on the brink of new and terrifying possibilities. | 这世界面临崭新骇人的可能性 |
[1:41:49] | What you’re about to witness is not magic. | 你们即将目睹的不是魔术 |
[1:41:54] | It is purely science. | 而是纯粹的科学见证 |
[1:41:56] | I would like to invite you to come up on-stage now… | 尽管上台来 |
[1:41:58] | so that you can examine the machine for yourselves. | 亲自检查这台机器 |
[1:42:57] | Man’s reach exceeds his imagination. | 人类的成就远远超过想象力 |
[1:43:00] | Bravo! | 太棒了 |
[1:43:04] | Bravo! Bravo! | 太棒了 |
[1:43:11] | Bravo. Bravo. | 太棒了 |
[1:43:22] | One hundred performances. | 一百场演出 |
[1:43:24] | Why? Does his method dictate that? | 为什么?受限于手法? |
[1:43:26] | Is it a publicity move? What is it? | 或是宣传伎俩? |
[1:43:28] | He’s a no-talent magician, | 他只是个瘪脚的魔术师 |
[1:43:30] | and they’re calling him……the bloody best in England. Why? | 凭什么被称为英国顶尖大师? |
[1:43:33] | Fifty yards in a second. ln a second! | 一秒钟移形五十码? |
[1:43:36] | And all that we know is he uses a trap door. | 我只知道他用暗门 |
[1:43:39] | Brilliant. What is going on under that stage? | 太厉害了 舞台底下有什么玄机? |
[1:43:43] | Why can’t you outthink him? | 你为什么猜不到? |
[1:44:01] | They do this every night? | 每晚演出后 |
[1:44:03] | After each performance, yeah? | 都偷偷把它运走? |
[1:44:36] | We’re done. | 我们没辙了 |
[1:44:39] | All right? | 好吗? |
[1:44:42] | Let him have his trick. | 让他变他的 |
[1:44:44] | I don’t need… I don’t need his secret. | 我不要他的秘诀 |
[1:44:46] | So… | 所以… |
[1:44:49] | don’t go back there, you leave him alone. | 别去了 离他远点 |
[1:44:52] | Both of us, just leave him alone. | 我们俩都离他远一点 |
[1:44:56] | We’re done. | 我们输了 |
[1:45:06] | I told you, John… | 我说过 约翰 |
[1:45:08] | I don’t want you backstage on this one. | 我不要你到后台 |
[1:45:12] | I would like to invite you to come up on-stage now… | 尽管上台 |
[1:45:15] | so that you can examine the machine for yourselves. | 亲自检查这台机器 |
[1:45:46] | – Hey, you, where do you think you’re going? – I’m part of the bloody act, you fool. | – 你想去哪里?- 我是表演的一部分 猪头 |
[1:45:59] | Who was that? | 那是谁? |
[1:46:58] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[1:46:59] | Where’s the bloody key? Where’s the bloody key? | 钥匙在哪里?钥匙在哪里? |
[1:47:02] | The blind man’s got it! | 在瞎子那里 |
[1:47:05] | Where’s the bloody key? Bloody drowning! | 钥匙在哪里?他快淹死了 |
[1:47:18] | Hold on! | 撑着点 |
[1:47:24] | What have you done? | 你做了什么? |
[1:47:47] | Alfred Borden, you have been found guilty of the murder of Robert Angier. | 艾佛·波登 你被判谋杀罗伯特·安杰有罪 |
[1:47:53] | You will be hanged by the neck until dead. | 将被判处绞刑至死 |
[1:47:57] | May the Lord have mercy on your soul. | 愿主让你的灵魂安息 |
[1:48:02] | Mr. Cutter? | 柯特先生 |
[1:48:04] | Owens. | 我是欧文 |
[1:48:06] | Oh, thank you for coming, Mr. Owens. | 谢谢你赶来 |
[1:48:09] | It has fallen to me to dispose of Mr. Angier’s equipment. | 我必须处理安杰的魔术道具 |
[1:48:13] | But I noticed from this manifest… | 我发现多半都… |
[1:48:15] | that Lord Caldlow has purchased the bulk of the items. | 被卡德洛爵士买走了 |
[1:48:19] | Mr. Cutter, if you needed to know where to deliver these items, surely you… | 你想知道东西要送到哪里… |
[1:48:23] | No, no. It’s just there is one particular item… | 不 只是有一件道具 |
[1:48:26] | this item, in fact, that I would like to… | 就是这一件 我想要… |
[1:48:30] | – You would like to…? – Buy. | – 你想要怎样?- 买下来 |
[1:48:33] | – Buy yourself? – Yeah, I suppose so. | – 你想买?- 对 没错 |
[1:48:36] | – This is the machine? – Yes. | – 就是这台机器?- 是的 |
[1:48:38] | Well, I’m afraid Lord Caldlow was adamant about purchasing this particular item. | 恐怕卡德洛爵士会不肯割爱 |
[1:48:43] | Do you think I could talk to Lord Caldlow in person? | 我能跟卡爵士私下谈一下吗? |
[1:48:46] | Out of the question, I’m afraid. | 想都别想 |
[1:48:51] | Of course… | 不过 |
[1:48:53] | I suppose if, in the course of your delivery arrangements… | 如果你在运送过程… |
[1:48:56] | your paths were to cross… | 无意间遇见他 |
[1:48:59] | – I can’t stop you speaking your mind. – Thank you. | – 我也不能阻止你们说话 – 谢谢你 |
[1:49:04] | – Still here, Borden? – For now. | – 你还在啊 波登 – 是啊 |
[1:49:07] | Got a visitor. | 你有访客 |
[1:49:08] | Lord Caldlow. | 卡德洛爵士 |
[1:49:10] | With a little girl. | 带着一个小女孩 |
[1:49:21] | Jess? | 洁丝? |
[1:49:22] | Hello, my love. | 亲爱的 |
[1:49:25] | How are you? I’ve missed you so much. | 你好吗?我好想你哦 |
[1:49:28] | And Fallon’s missed you too. We both have. | 法隆也想你 我们都想你 |
[1:49:30] | Daddy, can I come in there? | 爸爸 我能进去吗? |
[1:49:33] | Not right now. Not right now, darling. | 现在不行 不行 甜心 |
[1:49:35] | No, but everything is gonna be all right. | 放心 一切都不会有事的 |
[1:49:39] | – You must be Lord Caldlow. – Caldlow. | – 你一定是卡德洛爵士 – 卡洛德 |
[1:49:42] | Yes, I am. | 我就是 |
[1:49:44] | I always have been. | 我一直都是 |
[1:49:50] | They flatter you with all those chains, Alfred. | 他们还替你戴手铐啊 艾佛 |
[1:49:52] | Don’t they know you can’t escape without your little rubber ball? | 他们难道不知道 你没有小皮球绝对逃不了吗? |
[1:49:55] | I pulled you out. | 我把你… |
[1:49:57] | Out of that tank. | 从水箱拉出来 |
[1:49:58] | All I wanted to do was prove that I was a better magician… | 我只想证明我比你厉害 |
[1:50:02] | but you couldn’t leave me alone. | 你却不放过我 |
[1:50:06] | I don’t know what you’ve done… | 我不知道你做了什么 |
[1:50:10] | but you’re not afraid to get your hands dirty anymore, are you? | 不过你不怕杀生弄脏手了 |
[1:50:13] | No, not anymore. | 是啊 再也不怕了 |
[1:50:15] | And I win. | 而且我赢了 |
[1:50:17] | Because no one cares about the man in the box, the man who disappears. | 因为没有人在乎消失的人 |
[1:50:20] | You win? | 你赢了? |
[1:50:23] | This ain’t a bloody competition anymore, Angier, this is my little girl’s life. | 这不是对决 事关我女儿的未来 |
[1:50:27] | And don’t you dare put her in the middle of this. | 你不能把她扯进来 |
[1:50:31] | Oh, I know how hard it is to have someone so special… | 我了解心爱的人 |
[1:50:34] | taken away from me, don’t l, Borden? | 被人夺走的感受 |
[1:50:37] | And you can’t take her with you now, can you? | 你死了就不能带她走了 |
[1:50:40] | Oh, she’ll be looked after. | 我会好好照顾她的 |
[1:50:42] | – Goodbye, Professor. Come on, darling. – No, no, no. Stop, stop, stop. Look. | – 再见了 来吧 – 不…别走…你瞧 |
[1:50:46] | Here. | 拿去 |
[1:50:49] | That’s what you’re after. | 这是你一直想要的东西 |
[1:50:51] | That’s what this is about. | 一切都是为了这个 |
[1:50:53] | Take it. | 拿去吧 |
[1:50:55] | – Your secret? – Yeah. | – 你的秘诀?- 对 |
[1:51:00] | You always were the better magician. | 你一直都比我高杆 |
[1:51:02] | We both know that. | 我们都很清楚 |
[1:51:04] | But whatever your secret was, I mean, you have to agree… | 但是不管你有什么秘诀 你得承认 |
[1:51:08] | mine is better. | 我的魔术比你厉害 |
[1:51:11] | Don’t do this. Don’t do this, Angier, no. Jess, Jess, Jess. | 别这么做… 洁丝 |
[1:51:15] | Jess, I’m gonna take you home soon. I promise. | 我答应要带你回家 我保证 |
[1:51:18] | – For God’s sake, Borden. – I promise. Look. | – 拜托 – 我保证 瞧 |
[1:51:24] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[1:51:26] | I love you, Jess. I love you. | 我爱你 洁丝 我爱你 |
[1:51:30] | – Come on. Come on. – I love you. I love you, Jess. | – 来吧 – 我爱你 洁丝 |
[1:51:33] | Angier. Angier! | 安杰 安杰 |
[1:51:35] | What, you think this place can hold me? | 你以为这地方困得住我吗? |
[1:51:38] | Angier! They’re gonna bloody hang me! | 安杰 我会被吊死 |
[1:51:41] | They’re gonna bloody hang me! You can put a stop to this now! | 我会被吊死 你可以阻止他们 |
[1:51:44] | – Listen! Listen! That man…! – Just shut up. | – 听着 听着 那个人 – 闭嘴 |
[1:51:46] | Listen, that man is the one I’m meant to have killed! | 那个人是大家以为被我杀死的人 |
[1:51:49] | You blind bastard, listen to me! | 猪头 听我说 |
[1:51:51] | – If he’s alive, I’m not guilty! – Guards! | – 他没死 我就没罪 – 警卫 |
[1:51:53] | – I’m not guilty! – I don’t care! Get hold of him! | – 我没罪 – 抓住他 |
[1:51:55] | – Goodbye, Professor. – Angier! | – 再见了 大师 – 安杰 |
[1:52:02] | Run along now. | 出去玩吧 |
[1:52:05] | Sir. There’s a gentleman waiting. | 老爷 有位先生在等你 |
[1:52:24] | Dear God. | 老天爷 |
[1:52:26] | Hello, Cutter. | 你好 柯特 |
[1:52:28] | You’re… You’re still alive. | 你还活着 |
[1:52:30] | How is it you’re still alive, Robert? | 你怎么会没死? |
[1:52:32] | I saw you on a slab, for God’s sake. | 我看到你的尸体 |
[1:52:38] | – Child. – Good night, sir. | – 孩子 – 晚安 先生 |
[1:52:40] | Good night, Jess. | 晚安 洁丝 |
[1:52:43] | I’ve seen her before. | 我见过她 |
[1:52:45] | I saw her in court with Fallon. | 她在法庭跟法隆在一起 |
[1:52:52] | – What have you done? – Well, she needs looking after. | – 你做了什么?- 她需要有人照顾 |
[1:52:55] | She needs her father. | 她需要她的父亲 |
[1:52:57] | You’re letting him hang, and I helped you. | 你害他被处死 我成了帮凶 |
[1:53:00] | I came here to beg Lord Caldlow to let me destroy that machine. | 我是来求卡爵士让我毁了机器的 |
[1:53:07] | I am not gonna beg you for anything. | 我再也不会求你做任何事了 |
[1:53:10] | You don’t have to. I’m gonna make sure that machine’s never used again. | 用不着 我再也不会使用它了 |
[1:53:14] | Then, Lord Caldlow… | 那么 卡德洛爵士 |
[1:53:20] | where do you want me to deliver it? | 你要我把它运到哪里? |
[1:53:22] | My theater. | 我的剧院 |
[1:53:24] | It belongs with the Prestige materials. | 和其它道具放在一起 |
[1:53:27] | John, I tried not to involve you. | 我试着不牵涉到你 |
[1:53:42] | So… | 所以… |
[1:53:46] | we go alone now. | 咱们俩要分道扬镳了 |
[1:53:49] | Both of us. | 咱们俩… |
[1:53:54] | Only I don’t have as far to go as you. | 只是我不能活得像你一样久 |
[1:54:03] | No. | 不能 |
[1:54:06] | You were right, I should have left him to his damn trick. | 你是对的 我不该去招惹他 |
[1:54:11] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:54:14] | I’m sorry for a lot of things. | 我对很多事都感到抱歉 |
[1:54:18] | I’m sorry about Sarah. | 我对不起莎拉 |
[1:54:22] | I didn’t mean to hurt her. | 我不是要故意伤害她 |
[1:54:23] | I didn’t. | 我不是故意的 |
[1:54:27] | You go live your life in full now, all right? | 你要好好活下去 好吗? |
[1:54:30] | You live for both of us. | 替咱们俩活下去 |
[1:54:40] | Goodbye. | 永别了 |
[1:55:28] | Are you watching closely? | 你在仔细看吗? |
[1:56:01] | Put it down the end. | 放在这里 |
[1:56:37] | Take a minute to consider your achievement. | 想想你的伟大成就 |
[1:56:41] | I once told you about a sailor who described drowning to me. | 我说过一个水手溺死的感觉 |
[1:56:47] | Yes, he said it was like going home. | 你说他觉得就像回到家一样 |
[1:56:50] | I was lying. He said it was agony. | 我说谎 他说痛苦至极 |
[1:57:33] | Alfred Borden… | 艾佛·波登 |
[1:57:36] | this day, in the name of the king and the High Court of England… | 我以国王与最高法庭之名 |
[1:57:40] | you will meet your end. | 将你判处死刑 |
[1:57:44] | No one cares about the man in the box. | 没人在乎消失的人 |
[1:57:51] | Cutter? | 柯特? |
[1:57:57] | Cutter? | 柯特 |
[1:58:00] | Do you have anything to say? | 你有什么遗言? |
[1:58:07] | Abracadabra. | 天灵灵地灵灵 |
[1:58:45] | A brother. | 你们是… |
[1:58:47] | A twin. | 双胞胎兄弟 |
[1:58:50] | You were Fallon the whole time. | 你一直伪装成法隆? |
[1:58:55] | No. | 不 |
[1:58:57] | We were both Fallon. | 我们都是法隆 |
[1:59:00] | And we were both Borden. | 也都是波登 |
[1:59:07] | Were you…? Were you the one who went into the box… | 你是消失的… |
[1:59:10] | or the one who came back out? | 还是现身的那个人? |
[1:59:13] | We took turns. | 我们会轮流 |
[1:59:20] | The trick is where we would swap. | 重点就在于我们互换身分 |
[1:59:29] | Cutter knew. Cutter knew. But I told him it was too simple, too easy. | 柯特早就知道了 但我说这太简单 太容易了 |
[1:59:34] | No. | 不 |
[1:59:37] | Simple maybe, but not easy. | 或许很简单 但是不容易 |
[1:59:39] | There’s nothing easy about two men sharing one life. | 两个人共享一个生活并不容易 |
[1:59:48] | I don’t understand how it can be bleeding again. | 我不懂 怎么又流血了? |
[1:59:55] | What about Olivia? And your wife? | 奥莉薇雅呢?你的妻子呢? |
[1:59:58] | We each loved one of them. | 我们各有所爱 |
[2:00:04] | I loved Sarah. | 我爱莎拉 |
[2:00:07] | He loved Olivia. | 他爱奥莉薇雅 |
[2:00:10] | We each had half of a full life, really, which was enough for us. | 我们各拥有一半的生活 这样对我们已经足够 |
[2:00:15] | Just. | 只不过… |
[2:00:19] | But not for them. | 对她们却不够 |
[2:00:23] | See, sacrifice, Robert, that’s the price of a good trick. | 自我牺牲才是精彩魔术的代价 |
[2:00:30] | But you wouldn’t know anything about that, would you? | 但是你完全不能体会 不是吗? |
[2:00:37] | I’ve made sacrifices. | 我也做了牺牲 |
[2:00:38] | – No. – Yes. | – 没有 – 我有 |
[2:00:40] | It takes nothing to steal another man’s work. | 偷学别人不用花任何力气 |
[2:00:45] | It takes everything. | 我尽了一切努力 |
[2:01:06] | No. No. No, wait! I’m the…! | 不 等等 我是… |
[2:01:16] | It took courage. | 这需要勇气 |
[2:01:20] | It took courage to climb into that machine every night… | 我每晚都要鼓起勇气走进机器 |
[2:01:24] | not knowing if I’d be the man in the box… | 不知道自己会消失不见… |
[2:01:32] | or in the Prestige. | 或是神奇现身 |
[2:01:34] | Do you wanna…? Do you wanna see what it cost me? | 你想看看我的代价吗? |
[2:01:40] | You didn’t see where you are, did you? | 你还没看过这地方吧? |
[2:01:43] | Look. Look. | 你看 你看 |
[2:01:47] | I don’t care. | 我不在乎 |
[2:01:53] | You went halfway around the world. | 你到了世界另一端 |
[2:01:57] | You spent a fortune. | 花了一大笔钱 |
[2:02:01] | You did terrible things. | 做出可怕的事 |
[2:02:05] | Really terrible things, Robert. | 真正可怕的事 |
[2:02:09] | And all for nothing. | 结果什么都没得到 |
[2:02:12] | – For nothing? – Yeah. | – 什么都没得到?- 对 |
[2:02:18] | You never understood why we did this. | 你不懂我们为什么要变魔术 |
[2:02:26] | The audience knows the truth. | 观众知道真相 |
[2:02:30] | The world is simple. It’s miserable. | 现实既残酷又悲惨 |
[2:02:36] | Solid all the way through. | 没有奇迹 没有魔法 |
[2:02:40] | But if you could fool them, even for a second… | 但是如果你能骗倒他们 即使只有一秒钟 |
[2:02:46] | then you could make them wonder. | 就能让他们惊叹 |
[2:02:50] | And then you…. | 然后你就能… |
[2:02:52] | Then you got to see something very special. | 然后你就能看到非常特别的事 |
[2:03:00] | You really don’t know? | 你真的不知道吗? |
[2:03:06] | It was… It was the look on their faces. | 那就是观众脸上的表情 |
[2:03:27] | Every magic trick consists of three parts or acts. | 每一场魔术表演都有三个步骤 |
[2:03:35] | The first part is called the Pledge. | 第一个步骤是 “以虚代实” |
[2:03:39] | The magician shows you something ordinary. | 魔术师先秀出一个真实的东西 |
[2:03:42] | The second act is called the Turn. | 第二个步骤是 “偷天换日” |
[2:03:46] | The magician takes the ordinary something… | 魔术师利用这个普通的东西 |
[2:03:50] | and makes it into something extraordinary. | 做出令人叹为观止的表演 |
[2:03:54] | But you wouldn’t clap yet… | 但是你还不会鼓掌 |
[2:03:56] | because making something disappear isn’t enough. | 因为把东西变不见还不够 |
[2:04:00] | You have to bring it back. | 你必须把它变回来 |
[2:04:07] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[2:04:36] | Now you’re looking for the secret. | 现在你想找出秘诀 |
[2:04:42] | But you won’t find it because, of course, you’re not really looking. | 但是绝对找不到 因为你没真正在看 |
[2:04:49] | You don’t really want to work it out. | 你并不是真的想知道 |
[2:04:55] | You want to be fooled. | 你想要被骗 |