英文名称:The Poison Rose
年代:2019
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:22] | My name is Carson Phillips. | 我叫卡森·菲利浦斯 |
[01:23] | I’m a PI. | 是个私家侦探 |
[01:27] | I like to drink. I like to smoke. I like to gamble. | 我爱喝酒 爱抽烟 爱赌博 |
[01:38] | Sometimes, a little too much. | 有时候 稍微有点爱得过头了 |
[01:41] | But you know what they say. | 但是你知道人们常说 |
[01:42] | Everything in moderation. | 凡事有度 |
[01:44] | Including moderation. | 度且有度 |
[01:57] | I figured I could’ve taken these guys, but… | 我以为可以甩开这些人 但是 |
[01:59] | last time I had uninvited guests, they trashed my place | 上一次有些不速之客 他们毁了我的家 |
[02:04] | and frankly, Raymond, my cat, | 说实话 卡森 我的猫 |
[02:05] | still hasn’t gotten over it. | 还没从这件事中缓过来 |
[02:12] | I’m holding a cat. | 我可拿着只猫呢 |
[02:14] | – What? – You hold it. | -什么 -你给我拿好了 |
[02:18] | Damn it! | 妈的 |
[02:30] | Goddamn it! | 真该死 |
[02:35] | I’ve been working in LA for over 20 years. | 我已经在洛杉矶工作了20多年 |
[02:38] | Whoever named this place the City of Angels | 不论是谁把这座城市命名为天使之城 |
[02:40] | certainly had a terrific sense of humor. | 真的是相当有幽默感 |
[02:45] | Behind all the Hollywood glitz and glam | 在好莱坞的浮华与光鲜背后 |
[02:47] | it’s just like any other city. | 这里跟其他城市没什么不同 |
[02:49] | Except when the Santa Ana winds blow hot off the desert | 除非圣安娜飓风吹走沙漠的燥热 |
[02:52] | and the unimaginable suddenly turns real. | 无法想象的事情突然间变成了现实 |
[02:55] | People get a little more jumpy. | 人们开始惊慌失措 |
[02:57] | Their skin starts to crawl. | 毛骨悚然 |
[02:58] | And parties end with dead bodies. | 尸横遍野是整座城市狂欢的尾声 |
[03:01] | But I guess that’s entertainment. | 我猜这就是娱乐精神吧 |
[03:07] | Most of my jobs are pretty routine. | 我受托的工作大部分都很普通 |
[03:09] | Cheating spouses, | 出轨的夫妻 |
[03:11] | deadbeat dads, missing persons. | 拒付抚养费的父亲 失踪的人 |
[03:13] | But every once in a while, | 但每隔一段时间 |
[03:15] | a case becomes something I never saw coming. | 就会有个案子变得我无法预料 |
[03:19] | You brought Raymond to work. | 你带卡森来上班了 |
[03:21] | Who’s after you this time? | 这次谁在跟踪你 |
[03:23] | Well, you only bring Raymond in | 你每次带卡森来上班 |
[03:24] | when someone’s after you | 都是因为有人在抓你 |
[03:26] | and you gotta hide out. | 你必须要躲起来 |
[03:28] | Aren’t you cute when you’re not minding your own business? | 你管闲事的时候还真可爱呢 |
[03:30] | Take him for a few days. | 照顾他几天 |
[03:32] | Sure thing, Carson. | 当然了 卡森 |
[03:33] | By the way, someone’s in your office. | 对了 有人在你办公室等你 |
[03:36] | I can see that. | 我看到了 |
[03:40] | Mr. Phillips? | 菲利浦斯先生吗 |
[03:41] | You seem surprised. | 你看上去很惊讶啊 |
[03:43] | I was just expecting you’d look much older. | 我还以为你看上去会更老一点 |
[03:46] | You almost look like you could suit up right now. | 但你似乎好像随时都可以上场打球了 |
[03:49] | You must know a little bit about my past. Have a seat. | 你一定对我的过去有所了解 请坐吧 |
[03:53] | I grew up in Galveston. | 我在加尔维斯顿长大 |
[03:55] | Oh, well. | 原来如此 |
[03:55] | I thought I caught a little bit of East Texas in there. | 我是觉得听到了些得州东部的口音 |
[03:58] | You were something to watch. | 你曾经真的很引人注目 |
[04:10] | Flattery… | 拍马屁 |
[04:12] | It’ll get you everywhere. | 可以让你走遍天下 |
[04:13] | I’m yours. How can I help you? | 愿意为你效劳 有什么需要帮忙的 |
[04:15] | Well, Mr. Phillips, | 是这样 菲利浦斯先生 |
[04:17] | my aunt, Barbara Van Poole, | 我的姑妈 芭芭拉·范·普尔 |
[04:19] | is in a sanitarium just outside of Galveston. | 在加尔维斯顿郊外的一家疗养院 |
[04:22] | Pleasant Meadows? | 叫做芳草地疗养院 |
[04:24] | I remember Pleasant Meadows. | 我记得芳草地疗养院 |
[04:27] | A few years back, she had a complete nervous breakdown | 几年前 她精神彻底崩溃了 |
[04:29] | and she just hasn’t been well ever since. | 自从那以来就没有好转过 |
[04:31] | I used to call and speak with her regularly, | 我曾经还可以给她打电话聊聊天 |
[04:34] | but now when I phone, I just get the runaround. | 但现在我每次打电话 都只是被搪塞 |
[04:36] | All I get are some letters in the mail. | 我能得到的全部回复只是一些邮件 |
[04:38] | Well, you see, I don’t typically do out-of-town jobs, so… | 是这样 我不怎么接出城的工作 那 |
[04:43] | Well, it’s just that I don’t wanna hire anyone from there | 好吧 只是我不想在那里雇佣任何人 |
[04:46] | ’cause I don’t know if I can trust them. | 我不知道可不可以信任他们 |
[04:49] | How do you know you can trust me? | 那你怎么知道可以信任我呢 |
[04:51] | Hey, Carson. | 卡森 |
[04:53] | I think it might be a good idea for you | 出城几个礼拜 |
[04:55] | to get out of town for a few weeks. | 我觉得对你来说也许是个好主意 |
[04:58] | We’re talking about Galveston here. | 我们在说的可是加尔维斯顿 |
[05:00] | W-What’s wrong with Galveston? | 加尔维斯顿怎么了 |
[05:02] | Not a thing. Just not for me. | 没什么 只是不适合我罢了 |
[05:12] | Name your price, Carson. | 开价吧 卡森 |
[05:25] | A beautiful woman with a sob story | 一个背负着伤感故事的美人 |
[05:28] | has always been one of my weaknesses. | 总是我的弱点之一 |
[05:30] | Along with her having an open checkbook… | 她随身的空白支票簿 |
[05:34] | she became irresistible. | 她越来越让我无法抗拒 |
[05:37] | The road has always been a fascinating place for me. | 公路一直对我来说是个迷人的地方 |
[05:41] | The drone of the tires against the asphalt | 轮胎撞击沥青的嗡嗡声像催眠曲一样 |
[05:43] | becomes this hypnotic chorus taking me back to places I rarely go. | 伴我同行回到那几乎不再踏足的地方 |
[05:58] | There I was, back in Texas. | 我回来了 得克萨斯 |
[06:01] | The land of cowboys, beautiful women, | 牛仔的摇篮 美丽的女人 |
[06:04] | 72 ounce steaks… | 72盎司的牛排 |
[06:06] | You won’t be disappointed in these steaks. | 你不会对这牛排失望的 |
[06:08] | …and the holiest of holy. | 还有那最神圣的橄榄球 |
[06:22] | A lot has happened since I left Texas. | 自从我离开得州之后发生了很多事 |
[06:25] | The Beatles and Vietnam had come and gone, | 披头士和越南战争来了又走 |
[06:29] | Armstrong walked on the moon, | 阿姆斯特朗号去了月球 |
[06:31] | and I drank enough bourbon to fill the Cotton Bowl | 我喝的波本酒足够装满棉花碗 |
[06:36] | Maybe I drank enough to finally face the shame of my past. | 也许我喝到足够多终能面对我过去的耻辱 |
[06:40] | I ran out on Jayne, | 我逃离了简恩 |
[06:42] | the only woman I’ve ever loved, | 那个我唯一爱过的女人 |
[06:45] | faster than I ever ran on the field, | 比我在那场决定性的决赛中丢脸之后 |
[06:47] | after I disgraced myself in that fateful final game. | 逃得都要快 |
[07:40] | Hello. | 你好 |
[07:42] | We’ve been expecting you. | 我们正等着你呢 |
[07:45] | You have? | 是吗 |
[07:47] | You’re here as an observer from the Institute, aren’t you? | 你是作为研究所的观察员来的 对吗 |
[07:49] | Nope. I’m just… | 不 我只是 |
[07:52] | – here to visit a patient. – A friend? | -来这探访个病人 -朋友吗 |
[07:55] | What’s your position? Are you a doctor or something? | 你是负责什么的 医生还是什么 |
[07:57] | No. Paranoid schizophrenic. | 不 我是妄想性精神分裂症患者 |
[08:00] | There she is. | 她在这呢 |
[08:01] | I have a cat that’s paranoid. | 我有只猫也有妄想症 |
[08:03] | It’s time for session. Sorry, sir. | 治疗时间到了 不好意思先生 |
[08:10] | Bingo at 3:30 in the sunroom. | 三点半日光室开始宾果游戏 |
[08:14] | Now, don’t forget everyone… | 现在 各位不要忘记 |
[08:15] | – Howdy – Howdy | -你好 -你好 |
[08:17] | Can I help you? | 有什么可以帮您的 |
[08:19] | Yeah. I’m here to see a patient of yours | 我来这看一个你们的患者 |
[08:21] | by the name of Barbara Van Poole. | 叫做芭芭拉·范·普尔的 |
[08:22] | Don’t forget, bingo at 3:30 in the sunroom. | 不要忘记 三点半在日光室举行宾果游戏 |
[08:25] | – Something wrong? – No | -有什么问题吗 -没有 |
[08:27] | That name don’t sound familiar. | 只是这个名字不是很耳熟 |
[08:29] | Can you describe her? | 你可以描述一下她的样子吗 |
[08:31] | Well, she lives here. I think you’d do a better job than I can. | 她住在这里 我想你会比我更清楚 |
[08:34] | She’s probably in your files there. Just check them. | 她可能就在你们的档案里 查一查就行 |
[08:39] | I’ll get Dr. Mitchell. | 我先联系一下米切尔医生 |
[08:40] | All right. | 好的 |
[08:47] | Group meditation on the main lawn in 15 minutes. | 15分钟后在主草坪上进行集体冥想 |
[08:51] | There’ll be group meditation on the main lawn… | 主草坪上将要开始集体冥想 |
[08:53] | He’s really busy right now. | 他现在可能非常忙 |
[08:54] | If you don’t mind having a seat. | 如果您不介意的话可以先坐坐 |
[08:56] | All right. | 好 |
[08:59] | Y’all do electric shock treatment here? | 你们这里做电击治疗吗 |
[09:01] | Not to visitors. | 总之不会对访客治疗 |
[09:03] | Well, that’s good news. | 好消息 |
[09:14] | He’s here to see Barbara Van Poole. | 他是来探望芭芭拉·范·普尔的 |
[09:30] | Group meditation on the main lawn in 15 minutes. | 15分钟后在主草坪上进行集体冥想 |
[09:33] | Group meditation on the main lawn in 15 minutes. | 15分钟后在主草坪上进行集体冥想 |
[09:56] | It’s nice to see you again, | 再次见到你很开心 |
[09:57] | Mr. Carson Phillips. | 卡森·菲利浦斯先生 |
[10:00] | Excuse me? | 你认识我吗 |
[10:04] | Oh, you don’t remember me. | 你不记得我了吗 |
[10:05] | It was a long time ago. | 很久以前的事情了 |
[10:07] | I was a freshman, warming the bench. | 我当时是个新生 坐球队替补席 |
[10:10] | Still got splinters in my backside from that. Playing football. | 现在屁股里还有凳子的碎屑 |
[10:13] | You were out on the field. You were a senior. You… | 你远在球场打球 是个高年级生 你 |
[10:17] | Scoring. Setting records. | 进球得分 创造记录 |
[10:20] | We went to a couple of classes together. | 我们之前一起上过几节课 |
[10:22] | That is, whenever you showed up. | 你就在那个时候露面 |
[10:25] | Miles Miles. | |
[10:26] | That your name? Miles? | 我没记错吧 迈尔斯吗 |
[10:28] | Dr. Miles Mitchell. | 迈尔斯·米切尔医生 |
[10:29] | A lot of years ago. A lot of years ago. | 好久不见 真的好久不见 |
[10:32] | True. Yeah. | 是啊 |
[10:35] | You really could have been one of the greats. | 你真的本可以成为球场巨星的 |
[10:38] | Mmm. Well, you sure did well for yourself. | 但是你混得很好啊 |
[10:41] | – This is a beautiful place you got here. – Thank you very much. | -这个地方很漂亮 -非常谢谢 |
[10:44] | We take pride in creating a serene environment for our clients. | 我们为给客户创造一个宁静的环境而骄傲 |
[10:48] | We service all the greater Galveston area. | 我们不仅为整个加尔维斯顿提供服务 |
[10:52] | All over Texas. | 还包括整个得州 |
[10:54] | The entire nation, really. | 甚至整个国家 真的 |
[10:56] | So, you’re here to see Miss Van Poole? | 所以你是来探望范·普尔的吗 |
[10:58] | Yes, I am. | 是的 |
[11:01] | – Right this way. – All right. | -这边请 -好 |
[11:05] | Well then, | 既然如此 |
[11:06] | how do you know Miss Van Poole? | 你怎么会认识范·普尔女士呢 |
[11:08] | Well, just a friend of the family’s. | 她只是我家的一个朋友 |
[11:11] | I came back to my hometown. I’m just visiting. | 我回到了家乡 正好顺便过来看看她 |
[11:15] | No problem, I trust. | 我觉得没什么问题 |
[11:17] | Hey, you’re the doctor. You tell me. | 你是医生 应该你来告诉我 |
[11:20] | No. No. Of course not. | 不不 不是这个意思 |
[11:23] | It’s just that she doesn’t get many visitors | 只是她没有什么探访者 |
[11:25] | and she rarely sees the family. | 而且她几乎不见她的家人 |
[11:28] | Well, here I am visiting. | 这不 所以我来看她了 |
[11:30] | Hmm. Yeah. | 是的 |
[11:32] | I don’t like to neglect a promise, | 我信守承诺 |
[11:34] | so I told her I’d go visit Barbara | 所以我答应会来探望芭芭拉 |
[11:37] | and make sure she’s all right, maybe even cheer her up a bit. | 确定她一切都好 也许还能鼓励她一下 |
[11:40] | Course. Course, I understand completely. | 当然 当然 我完全理解 |
[11:44] | It’s just that you can’t see Barbara right now. | 只是你现在没法见芭芭拉 |
[11:47] | She’s in a group therapy session. | 她现在在参加集体治疗课程 |
[11:49] | So, how long are you in town? | 所以 你要在城里呆多久呢 |
[11:52] | Well, I’ll wait. | 我会等她 |
[11:54] | Well, the session goes on all afternoon | 疗程会进行一整个下午 |
[11:56] | and we don’t like to interrupt them, you see. | 我们也不希望打断他们 对吧 |
[11:58] | Of course, we do give them breaks and such, | 当然了 我们会让他们休息休息之类的 |
[12:01] | but we need to keep them.. focused. | 但我们要保持他们集中在一起 |
[12:03] | But I will call you when she’s up and around. | 她结束后我会给你打电话的 |
[12:05] | Now, where are you staying? | 你现在住在哪里 |
[12:06] | Well, why don’t I just come back this evening? | 那我干脆晚上再来一趟好了 |
[12:09] | She’ll be exhausted, poor thing. | 她到时候会筋疲力尽的 可怜的人 |
[12:11] | We do like to give the patients time to reflect upon… | 我们需要给病人时间去思考 |
[12:16] | Mm-hmm. what the group has said. | 之前治疗的内容 |
[12:19] | So… | 所以 |
[12:21] | They didn’t tell me about this group therapy stuff. | 他们没告诉我关于这个集体治疗的事情 |
[12:23] | I’m curious about that. | 我倒是挺很好奇的 |
[12:26] | Miss Van Poole’s a very private person. | 范·普尔女士是注重隐私的人 |
[12:29] | On top of that, she… | 最重要的是 |
[12:31] | is considerably wealthy, | 她相当富有 |
[12:32] | and she has this belief that…Everybody wants her money. | 她坚信所有人都在觊觎她的财富 |
[12:36] | Well, I can assure you that ain’t the case. | 我可以向你保证我不是为这来的 |
[12:38] | So, why don’t we do this? | 我们不如这样 |
[12:39] | I’m staying at the Lone Star Motel. | 我住在得州旅馆 |
[12:41] | Why don’t you give me a call when Barbara’s ready, | 芭芭拉结束她的疗程的话 |
[12:44] | and I’ll come back. | 给我打个电话 我会回来的 |
[12:45] | – In the meantime – I see | -同时 -我知道了 |
[12:47] | Thank you for your time and have a great day. | 感谢你抽出时间 祝你有个愉快的一天 |
[13:33] | I felt the invisible tug of my short hairs | 当我离开了那个好医生的时候 |
[13:36] | when I left the good doctor, | 我感觉头皮发麻 |
[13:38] | so I thought I’d follow a different tug. | 所以我决定另辟蹊径 |
[14:23] | Hey, you. | 喂 你 |
[14:26] | I assume you can still get bourbon here? | 可以给我拿点波本酒吗 |
[14:28] | Yes, sir. | 当然 先生 |
[14:31] | You got it. | 马上就来 |
[14:37] | Baby needs a new Camaro! | 宝宝想要一辆新的科迈罗 |
[15:00] | For shit’s sake, Slide. | 看在他妈的老天的份上 斯莱德 |
[15:02] | Call or get out. Enough already. | 要么跟要么弃 等的够久了 |
[15:05] | Let’s go, cabrón. | 快点吧 混蛋 |
[15:06] | Only three kind of people who wear sunglasses inside. | 只有三种人在屋里带墨镜 |
[15:09] | Blind people, assholes and blind assholes. | 盲人 混蛋和瞎眼的混蛋 |
[15:12] | Okay, I raise 200 dollars. | 好了 我加200块 |
[15:16] | Lorenzo, you spend all your money on that suit? | 洛伦佐 你把钱都花在这套衣服上了吗 |
[15:19] | I like that suit. | 这套衣服我喜欢 |
[15:22] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[15:26] | Hey, Doc. How you doing? | 博士 近来好吗 |
[15:29] | I never thought I’d see you around here again. | 没想到居然还能在这里碰见你 |
[15:32] | Look at you. You look like hell. | 你看你 活像个收破烂的 |
[15:33] | Well, only you’d know. | 好吧 只有你知道 |
[15:35] | I like what you’ve done to the place. | 你把这地方搞得真好 |
[15:36] | Well, you know, they demand, I supply. | 他们提要求 我就去满足 |
[15:40] | They get screwed, I get rich. | 他们一赌输 钱就进我屋 |
[15:43] | Not very scientific, but it works every time. | 不是很科学 但永远管用 |
[15:45] | Bing, you remember our hometown hero. | 沃尔什 还记得我们以前的家乡英雄吗 |
[15:48] | Oh, come on now! | 天啊 |
[15:49] | Bing Walsh Bing Walsh? | |
[15:51] | It’s Chief Walsh now. | 现在是沃尔什局长了 |
[15:52] | Oh! Chief of police. Oh, man. Only in Texas. | 警察局长 也就在得克萨斯了 |
[15:57] | Don’t do this! Don’t do this! | 我的天啊 不敢相信 |
[16:02] | – I thought I saw a ghost, man. – You did see a ghost. | -我还以为我见鬼了 -确实是见鬼 |
[16:05] | Deal him in, Mary Sue. | 玛丽·苏 加他一份 |
[16:07] | His credit’s good around here. | 他在这里的信用良好 |
[16:10] | His credit is good. | 他的信誉不倒 |
[16:17] | I guess you’re up for a nice, friendly game? | 我猜你已经准备好赌一场了吧 |
[16:20] | All right. Well, twist my arm. | 好吧 那就来吧 |
[16:24] | Can we play some goddamn cards? | 我们能不能打打扑克 |
[16:25] | Hold your horses there, slick. | 着什么急 就你聪明 |
[16:29] | This is Lorenzo Rodriguez. He’s a… | 这位是洛伦佐·罗德里格斯 他是个 |
[16:32] | entrepreneur. | 企业家 |
[16:33] | Isn’t that what you call yourself? | 你不是这样称呼自己的吗 |
[16:35] | You know what we call him? El Guano. | 知道我们怎么叫他吗 手套哥 |
[16:37] | ‘Cause he used to clean out the bedpans at the sanitarium. | 因为他以前是在疗养院给人刷便盆的 |
[16:42] | Is that right? | 这样吗 |
[16:45] | You’re the man I need to talk to. | 那看来我需要和你聊聊了 |
[16:46] | Hey, Daddy. | 老爸 |
[16:47] | Hi, angel. How much you need? | 宝贝 你要多少 |
[16:49] | What? Just your love and affection. | 说什么呢 我只要你爱我宠我就够了 |
[16:52] | Carson, this is my daughter, Rose. | 卡森 这是我的女儿罗丝 |
[16:54] | She owns this joint. | 这家店就是她的 |
[16:55] | – Oh. It’s impressive. – Thank you. | -令人惊艳 -谢谢 |
[16:57] | – And this is… – Oh, I know who he is. | -这位是 -我知道他是谁 |
[17:00] | ‘Cause I watch you every week on TV. | 每周我都会在电视上看你的比赛 |
[17:02] | How’s it feel to have all your records broken? | 我打破了你所有记录 感觉怎样 |
[17:04] | Oh, man, that’s what they’re made for. | 记录不就是用来打破的吗 |
[17:07] | Coach said you used to be the best quarterback he ever saw. | 教练说你是他见过的最厉害的四分卫 |
[17:09] | Well, I bet he ain’t saying that no more. | 那我猜他不会再这样说了 |
[17:11] | You got that right. | 说的没错 |
[17:12] | What a screwup, huh? | 真是废物 对吧 |
[17:14] | Oh? We’re insulting now? | 现在就开始羞辱人了是吗 |
[17:16] | I mean, betting on your own games, shaving points. | 你在自己的比赛下注 故意放水 |
[17:19] | Man, you had the world by the balls, | 老兄 你以前靠打球功成名就 |
[17:21] | and you just threw it all away. | 然后你又自己亲手毁掉 |
[17:22] | How’s that make you feel? | 你自己作何感想 |
[17:24] | I don’t know. Maybe one day you’ll tell me. | 我也说不清 或许有一天你能告诉我 |
[17:27] | That’s not likely. I don’t have a price, old man. | 那不太可能 我可不会收贿赂 老头 |
[17:30] | – Everybody’s got a price. – So much talk. | -那是因为别人还没开价 -话太多了 |
[17:34] | Yeah. I’m way down here. | 没错 我还在这坐着呢 |
[17:36] | Happy, I’ll see you later in my office. | 哈皮 待会儿来我办公室 |
[17:39] | See you around, Carson. | 再见 卡森 |
[17:42] | All right, slick, | 好了 聪明鬼 |
[17:43] | let’s see what you learned in the big city. | 让我们见识一下你在大城市学到什么本事 |
[17:46] | – All right. – Ante up, gentlemen. | -好吧 -先生们 请押注 |
[18:06] | Fuck. Are you kidding me? Fuck it. | 见鬼 你逗我呢 滚开 |
[18:20] | So there I was, sitting at a poker table, | 于是我就那样 坐在牌桌旁 |
[18:23] | surrounded by the people I grew up with. | 周围都是一群发小 |
[18:26] | And even though I’d been gone for over 20 years, | 尽管我已经离开了二十多年 |
[18:29] | I couldn’t believe how easily | 我都不敢相信自己能够 |
[18:30] | I slipped back into the pace and rhythm of my past. | 如此容易地和过去融为一体 |
[18:35] | There was Bing Walsh, who I played football with. | 那位是宾·沃尔什 以前和他打过橄榄球 |
[18:38] | I was certain the next big case he saw would be his first. | 我敢肯定他到现在都没接过一个大案子 |
[18:42] | I’m done. | 我不玩了 |
[18:48] | – I’m all in. – He’s all in. | -全押 -这位先生全押 |
[18:52] | Then there was Slide, the original hippy. | 这位是斯莱德 正宗嬉皮士 |
[18:55] | He probably dropped more acid than Timothy Leary. | 他嗑过的致幻药可能比蒂莫西·利里还多 |
[18:55] | 蒂莫西·利里:致幻药物的效应和用途研究者 嬉皮士运动狂热的奠基人之一 | |
[18:58] | Sorry, Doc. I’m outta here. | 抱歉 博士 我要走了 |
[19:03] | – All in. – Lastly, there was Doc. | -我全押 -最后就是博士本人了 |
[19:06] | He went from being a small-town bookie | 他从小镇上的赌注登记人一步步起家 |
[19:08] | to one of the biggest power brokers in the state. | 发展成为这个州里权势滔天的经纪人 |
[19:12] | – That in itself had to be respected… – Chinga! | -光这一点就足以令人钦佩了 -见鬼 |
[19:15] | considering he was a black man… in Texas. | 要知道 他可是得克萨斯的黑人 |
[19:25] | Only the big dogs left. | 只有老手能玩到最后 |
[19:30] | – Possible straight. – Check. | -可能是同花顺 -不跟 |
[19:32] | You know me, Doc. All or nothing. | 你了解我的 我要押就会押全部 |
[19:37] | That line of thinking tends to lead more towards nothing… | 像你这样子的思维方式往往会导致 |
[19:43] | than something. | 满盘皆输 |
[19:45] | Call. | 跟注 |
[19:47] | We live in a world that’s full of risk. | 这个世界本就充满风险 |
[19:51] | That makes a straight. | 一条龙 |
[19:57] | I don’t. | 我的就没有 |
[19:59] | Doc wins. Congratulations. | 博士赢了 恭喜 |
[20:03] | Full house beats a straight. | 满堂红比一条龙大 |
[20:04] | I never lose, Carson. | 我从不失手 卡森 |
[20:08] | Mary Sue, cash those chips in for me. | 玛丽·苏 帮我把这些筹码兑现 |
[20:10] | Yes, sir. | 好的 先生 |
[20:11] | Let’s take a break. I’ll buy you a drink. | 休息一下 我请你喝一杯吧 |
[20:12] | Bourbon, isn’t it? | 波本 对吧 |
[20:13] | Yep. | 对 |
[20:19] | Really sorry to hear about Marie. | 玛丽的事我很遗憾 |
[20:26] | Been 12 years now. | 已经十二年了 |
[20:30] | Fucking cancer. | 去他妈的癌症 |
[20:33] | Nearly half the town got sick with it. | 镇上差不多一半的人都得了癌 |
[20:38] | You seen Jayne yet? | 你去见简恩了吗 |
[20:40] | No. No. | 没 没有 |
[20:42] | Oh, hell, I wouldn’t know what to say to her. | 该死 我都不知道见面要跟她说什么 |
[20:45] | She’s a widow now. | 她现在是个寡妇了 |
[20:47] | Got a beautiful daughter, Becky. | 她有一个漂亮女儿 叫贝琪 |
[20:51] | Married to that idiot. | 嫁给了那个白痴 |
[20:52] | I still got guys behind me. | 我后面还有一帮兄弟 |
[20:57] | – Son of a bitch! – Oh, hell, here we go. | -你个狗娘养的 -糟糕 打起来了 |
[21:02] | Chill out, man. Hey, hey, Happy. | 冷静点 哥们 哈皮 |
[21:04] | Now, all right! | 闹够了没有 |
[21:06] | The hell’s the matter with you? | 你他妈什么毛病 |
[21:09] | Starting a fistfight on the night before a big game. | 比赛前一晚还跟人打架 |
[21:11] | Have you lost your mind? | 你是疯逼了吗 |
[21:12] | Go home to your wife. | 回家找你老婆去 |
[21:15] | Look. You take a swing at me and I can assure you, | 你要敢跟我动手 |
[21:18] | you’ll lose your spot for the draft. | 选拔赛你就别想了 |
[21:19] | You understand? | 听明白了吗 |
[21:21] | Settle down. | 冷静一点 |
[21:24] | Go home, son. | 回去吧 小子 |
[22:32] | I remember you. | 我记得你 |
[22:35] | Where’s your kitty cat? | 你的小猫咪呢 |
[22:37] | Well, he prefers LA. | 它更喜欢呆在洛杉矶 |
[22:40] | The sun, the women. | 有阳光 有美女 |
[22:44] | Mr. Gregory wants to speak to you. | 格雷戈里先生想跟你谈谈 |
[22:47] | I see that. | 看到了 |
[22:51] | Turn the fuck around! | 给我转过身去 |
[23:04] | You really need to get better help. | 你真该找个身手好点的 |
[23:07] | Where is she, Mr. Phillips? | 菲利浦斯先生 她在哪 |
[23:09] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[23:12] | I want her back. | 我要她回来 |
[23:13] | Now look, I found her, I brought her home to you, | 人我找到了 也给你把她带回家了 |
[23:16] | and you paid me for that. | 你也付钱给我了 |
[23:18] | Come on, she was only home for a few hours, | 得了吧 她就在家呆了几个小时 |
[23:20] | she packed some things, and she was off again. | 然后收拾东西又走人了 |
[23:23] | – And that is not my problem! – Oh, but it is. | -这跟我一毛钱关系也没有 -有关系 |
[23:26] | You were seen at the airport with her, | 有人在机场看到你跟她在一起 |
[23:27] | putting her on a plane. | 你还送她上了飞机 |
[23:29] | Now, I want you to go get her and bring her home. | 我现在就要你把她找回来 带她回家 |
[23:31] | Even if I knew where she was, and I don’t, | 就算我知道她在哪 我也不干 |
[23:33] | do you think that I would bring her to you | 你觉得我在知道你的所作所为之后 |
[23:35] | knowing what you did to her? | 还会把她送入虎口吗 |
[23:37] | What did she say to you? | 她对你说了什么 |
[23:38] | I mean, what? What? That I abused her? | 说什么 说我虐待她了吗 |
[23:44] | That she just needed a safe place? | 说她只是需要一个安全的地方吗 |
[23:46] | She just once wanted to sleep and not have to leave the light on? | 还是说她只是希望睡觉的时候不用开着灯 |
[23:52] | I thought you were smart. | 我还以为你是个聪明人 |
[23:56] | You’re a sucker. | 没想到是个蠢货 |
[23:58] | Sucker for a pretty girl and a sob story. | 看到漂亮姑娘哭哭啼啼就毫无招架之力 |
[24:02] | I’d look into that if I were you. | 我要是你就会先去查查真假 |
[24:07] | Watch your back, Carson. | 给我小心点 卡森 |
[24:10] | – Come on, get up! – He was right. | -快点起来 -他说的没错 |
[24:12] | His daughter had spun quite a tale | 他女儿编了个故事骗我 |
[24:13] | to get me to help her get away. | 好叫我帮她逃走 |
[24:16] | And he was smart enough to know that I was dumb enough | 他也应该也猜到了 蠢笨如我 |
[24:19] | to give her the money. | 肯定会给她一笔钱跑路 |
[24:21] | Once again, a beautiful woman with a sob story. | 这一次 又是一个美女和她的悲惨故事 |
[24:25] | You figure I’d have learned my lesson by now. | 你觉得我总会吸取教训了吧 |
[24:27] | Not a chance. | 做梦吧 |
[24:32] | Mr. Phillips. | 菲利浦斯先生 |
[24:35] | I got tired of waiting. | 我等得花都谢了 |
[24:37] | You never called. | 你没打电话给我 |
[24:39] | You are not a gentleman. | 你真不守信用 |
[24:41] | – How’s Barbara? – Barbara is fine. She’s resting. | -芭芭拉怎么样了 -她很好 在休息 |
[24:45] | It’s a game day. | 今天是球赛日 |
[24:47] | I got a little bit carried away with my affairs, | 我工作上的事忙过头了 |
[24:49] | and I’m sorry I did not call. I forgot. | 很抱歉没打电话给你 我忘了 |
[24:51] | Well, I’m here now, | 好吧 我人在这了 |
[24:52] | so you don’t have to call. | 你就不用打电话了 |
[24:54] | She doesn’t want to see anybody. | 她不想见任何人 |
[24:56] | Now look, it’ll only take a minute, and… | 是这样 也用不了多长时间 |
[25:00] | her family is concerned. | 况且她的家人很担心 |
[25:02] | I feel like we have had this conversation already, Mr. Phillips. | 我觉得我们已经谈过了 菲利浦斯先生 |
[25:06] | We both know what the family wants. | 你我心知肚明她的家人到底想要什么 |
[25:09] | I’m sorry, as her doctor, I cannot recommend | 很抱歉 作为她的医生 我不建议 |
[25:11] | that she sees a stranger. | 她和陌生人见面 |
[25:12] | And I’m even more sorry that you came all this way for nothing. | 更加抱歉的是 让你辛苦白跑一趟 |
[25:19] | You know, the whole time that I was sitting here, | 要知道 我在这里坐了这么久 |
[25:21] | that phone didn’t ring once. | 就没听见那个电话响过 |
[25:24] | How do you stay in business? | 你是怎么不亏本的 |
[25:29] | Good morning, everyone. | 各位 早上好 |
[25:31] | Today’s lunch will feature meat loaf and gravy. | 今日的午餐特色是肉馅糕和肉汁 |
[25:37] | You just hold me. You’ll be fine. | 抱着我 你会没事的 |
[26:03] | We have some new clients. | 我们有一些新客户 |
[26:06] | – Can you handle it? – I don’t have… | -你能搞定吗 -我没有… |
[26:09] | The kid wants more. What should we do? | 那小子还嫌不够 我们要怎么办 |
[26:11] | You need to step up and take care of that little problem of ours. | 那你就出面去解决这个小问题 |
[26:13] | – Go, go, go. – Okay. Adios. | -去 赶紧 -好的 再见 |
[26:16] | I’ll take care of it. | 我会解决的 |
[27:25] | I found her file. It was empty. | 我找到了她的档案 上面一片空白 |
[27:28] | No progress reports. No med list. | 没有进展报告 没有药物名单 |
[27:31] | Just my client’s address and a few paid statements. | 上面只有我客户的地址和一些账单 |
[27:35] | Most of his patients had passed on. | 他的患者大多数都过世了 |
[27:40] | It seemed like the good doctor was also taking bets. | 看来这位好医生也有赌球的爱好 |
[27:44] | Interestingly though, | 有意思的是 |
[27:46] | all the bets were for us to lose. | 所有的赌注都押得克萨斯队输 |
[28:44] | You can sit down right here. | 你可以在这边坐坐 |
[28:47] | Such a pretty day. You can listen to the game outside. | 今天天气不错 你可以在外面听听比赛 |
[28:49] | It’s ball day here in sunny Galveston, | 今天是晴空万里的加尔维斯顿比赛日 |
[28:51] | where Happy Chandler hopes to lead his team to a victory… | 哈皮·钱德勒希望带领他的队伍摘得桂冠 |
[28:53] | We’re gonna go inside. | 我们要进去了 |
[28:54] | You let us know if you need anything, all right? | 有需要就叫我们 好吗 |
[28:56] | Happy leads the Conference in TD passes and his electrifying… | 哈皮带队触地得分领先 而他精彩的 |
[29:38] | Did you come from… | 你是从 |
[29:40] | up there? | 上面来的吗 |
[29:42] | Yes, I did. | 对 没错 |
[29:44] | Oh, goodness. | 天啊 |
[29:48] | Here, let me help you. | 来吧 我帮你 |
[29:50] | All right. Thank you. | 好吧 谢谢 |
[29:54] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[29:57] | A bit wobbly. | 有点走不稳 |
[29:59] | You wouldn’t know a Barbara Van Poole, would you? | 你认识芭芭拉·范·普尔吗 |
[30:02] | Yes. But I’ve not seen her for a long time. | 认识 但我有一段时间没见到她了 |
[30:05] | Any idea where she might be? | 你知道她可能会去哪吗 |
[30:07] | No. People just disappear here. | 不知道 这里的人会凭空蒸发 |
[30:10] | This is a bad place. | 这里是不祥之地 |
[30:12] | As we approach halftime, New Mexico still leads | 接近中场休息 尽管哈皮·钱德勒 |
[30:15] | even after that beautiful TD pass from Happy Chandler… | 漂亮的触地传球 新墨西哥队仍然领先 |
[30:31] | What is all the racket out here… Oh! | 谁在外面吵吵嚷嚷 |
[30:34] | Hi, Mr. Phillips. | 你好菲利浦斯先生 |
[30:36] | I’m sorry. Would you… | 不好意思吵到你了 这个 |
[30:39] | Would you mind getting me this film developed? | 可以帮我冲洗一下这卷胶片吗 |
[30:41] | Oh, sure. | 当然可以 |
[30:43] | What the hell happened to you? | 你怎么了 |
[30:45] | I fell. | 我摔了一跤 |
[30:46] | That’s fresh dirt. | 你衣服上都是新鲜的泥巴 |
[30:48] | I can get that cleaned up for you, if you want. | 如果你需要的话 我可以帮你清洗干净 |
[30:51] | All right. That’d be nice. | 好的 那太好了 |
[30:53] | Here. Thank you. I appreciate it much. | 给你 谢谢 非常感谢 |
[30:55] | How’s the game going? | 今晚的比赛进行的如何 |
[30:56] | Happy’s messing it all up. | 哈皮的表现一团糟 |
[30:58] | We’re behind by a touchdown, but we’re favored by 11. | 我们少了一个触地 但目前总分领先11分 |
[31:02] | Well, it’s still early. | 好吧 现在为时尚早 |
[31:05] | Except for that one breathtaking run, | 除了那次漂亮的冲跑 |
[31:07] | a terrible game so far for Happy Chandler. | 今天的比赛对哈皮·钱德勒不太友好 |
[31:10] | Abysmal passing by Chandler. | 钱德勒的传球表现很糟糕 |
[31:11] | Five interceptions. | 五次拦截 |
[31:12] | They’re gone, Mr. Phillips. | 他们都走了 菲利浦斯先生 |
[31:13] | Five of 18 on the day… | 18人中的有5人都 |
[31:16] | They said they’d be back. | 他们说他们会回来的 |
[31:18] | Who? | 谁 |
[31:19] | Four guys in a black Dodge, California plates. | 四个人开着一辆黑色道奇 加州车牌 |
[31:23] | They friends of yours? | 他们是你的朋友吗 |
[31:26] | Well, not exactly. | 不 不算是 |
[31:29] | Would you mind keeping an eye on them for me? | 你能帮我留意一下他们吗 |
[31:33] | They gave me a hundred to keep an eye on you! | 他们也给了我一百块让我监视你 |
[31:38] | No. No need. I took their money, but… | 不 不用再给了 我虽然收了他们的钱 |
[31:42] | I don’t see so good. | 不过我眼神不太好 |
[31:44] | Third interception today for Happy Chandler. | 哈皮·钱德勒今天第三次被拦截了 |
[31:47] | Oh, no. Happy is still down. | 糟糕 哈皮还没站起来 |
[31:49] | He does not seem to be moving. | 他好像不能动了 |
[31:51] | The trainer is on the field, and he’s waving for the stretcher. | 训练员进场了 他挥手叫拿担架 |
[31:55] | This does not look good. Chandler being carted off the field. | 看起来不太好 钱德勒被抬出了球场 |
[31:59] | The crowd has gone completely quiet. They are stunned. | 人群已经完全安静了 他们都惊呆了 |
[32:16] | Excuse me. Excuse me. Coming through. | 不好意思 不好意思 借过一下 |
[32:20] | – Stay back. Stay back. – That’s my husband. | -不要过来 退后 -可那是我丈夫 |
[32:23] | – Stay back. – That’s my husband! | -请退后 -那是我丈夫 |
[32:25] | That’s my husband! | 那是我丈夫 |
[32:46] | Please stand aside. | 请让一下 |
[32:56] | I didn’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么 |
[32:58] | After all these years, it had to be perfect. | 经过这么多年 再次见面应该是完美的 |
[33:02] | And let’s face it, | 可现实却是 |
[33:03] | the situation wasn’t exactly conducive to small talk. | 隔着相望没有机会寒暄 |
[33:09] | I thought about Jayne. | 我想过简恩 |
[33:12] | I thought about Happy lying on a slab instead of next to his wife. | 我想过哈皮躺在冰石板上而不是他妻子旁 |
[33:17] | I thought about the missing Barbara Van Poole | 我想过失踪的芭芭拉·范·普尔 |
[33:20] | and the mysterious doctor. | 还有我们那位神秘的医生 |
[33:23] | Most importantly, I thought about having a drink… | 最重要的是 我想喝点酒 |
[33:27] | and not a small one. | 而且 不止一杯 |
[33:40] | – Yeah. – Carson? | -请讲 -卡森 |
[33:42] | It’s Jayne. | 我是简恩 |
[33:44] | Can you come up to the house? I’d like to talk. | 你能上我家来一下吗 我想和你谈谈 |
[34:07] | Before yesterday, I hadn’t seen her in 20 years. | 在昨天之前 我已经20年没见过她了 |
[34:10] | I had pretty much convinced myself that I was over her. | 我确定自己早已对她没有感觉了 |
[34:14] | But that’s not the first time I’ve been wrong. | 但这也不是我第一次判断失误 |
[34:17] | How you doing, sir? Come inside. | 你好 先生 请进 |
[34:21] | – How are you? – I’m doing good. Follow me. | -你好吗 -我很好 请跟我来 |
[34:26] | Come sit right here. | 请坐 |
[34:27] | – Thank you. – No problem. | -谢谢 -应该的 |
[34:29] | – She’ll be right with you shortly. All right. | -她一会就来 -好的 |
[34:57] | Hello, Carson. | 卡森你好 |
[35:00] | Hello, Jayne. | 你好 简恩 |
[35:04] | Would you like a drink? | 你想喝点什么吗 |
[35:06] | Well, it’s 10:30 in the morning. | 现在才早上十点半 |
[35:09] | The usual? | 以前常喝的 |
[35:12] | You did well. | 你混得不错 |
[35:15] | Not really. | 也不算 |
[35:18] | Well, it looks like you got everything you need. | 但是 你看起来什么都不缺的样子 |
[35:25] | Looks can be deceiving, Carson. | 外表是有迷惑性的 卡森 |
[35:33] | So, what happened with Charlie? | 查理怎么了 |
[35:36] | He died. | 他死了 |
[35:38] | Had a heart attack right there in the garden. | 就在花园里心脏病发作了 |
[35:40] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[35:44] | There’s no free lunches. | 天下没有免费午餐 |
[35:47] | He wanted it all. Turns out… | 他什么都想要 到头来… |
[35:50] | having everything was a little too much for him. | 拥有一切了又承受不起 |
[35:53] | You mind my asking what he did for work? | 你介意我问他做什么的吗 |
[35:56] | He was in oil. | 石油生意 |
[35:58] | Oh, that’s simple. | 那难怪赚钱容易 |
[36:01] | It wasn’t. And it isn’t. | 以前并不容易 现在也是 |
[36:05] | Like everything too good to be true, it comes at a price. | 所有表面美好的东西 实际是有代价的 |
[36:13] | Enough about me. How about you? You doing well? | 别说我了 你呢 你过得好吗 |
[36:20] | Well, I get by. | 勉强混日子而已 |
[36:22] | Well, we have that in common. | 这点我们一样 |
[36:30] | I’d like to hire you. | 我想雇用你 |
[36:32] | I mean, that’s what you do now, right? You’re a private investigator? | 我是说 你现在是个私家侦探 对吧 |
[36:35] | Yeah, that’s what I do. | 是的 我就是干这行的 |
[36:40] | I’m gonna need all the help I can get. | 我现在需要各种帮助 |
[36:43] | It’s still a small town and people have nothing to do but talk. | 这仍是个小镇 人们除了聊天还是聊天 |
[36:47] | Talk about what? | 都聊什么 |
[36:48] | Oh, come on. | 那还用说吗 |
[36:49] | How many 22-year-old athletes do you see | 你见过几个22岁运动员 |
[36:51] | convulsing on the football field? | 在球场上抽搐的 |
[36:53] | Well, he got hit pretty hard. | 他的确被撞得很厉害 |
[36:56] | And that happens. | 发生抽搐也很正常 |
[36:58] | Yeah, well, I’ve already heard rumors. | 不过 我已经听到谣言了 |
[37:02] | They don’t think this was football related. | 他们认为这与橄榄球无关 |
[37:06] | Sheriff Walsh is an idiot. | 沃尔什警长是个白痴 |
[37:08] | He’ll want a quick and clean answer. | 他要的就是尽快找到一个人认罪 |
[37:12] | We both know his… stupidity is limitless. | 我们都知道他 愚蠢至极 |
[37:16] | Well, how’d he get to be sheriff, anyway? | 那他是怎么当上警长的 |
[37:20] | That very reason. | 只有一个原因 |
[37:28] | It’s a bad place, Carson. | 这个地方真的糟糕 卡森 |
[37:31] | Far worse than you can imagine. | 比你想象得还要糟糕 |
[37:35] | Doc owns everything and everybody. | 博士控制着这里所有的人和事 |
[37:42] | For years, I hated you for leaving. | 多年来 我都很恨你离开 |
[37:47] | Over time, I came to understand that… | 不过现在看来 我开始觉得 |
[37:50] | escaping this place was the smartest thing you could do. | 那是你做得最聪明的一件事 |
[38:06] | Happy was running around town with that slut, Rose. | 哈皮一直在和那个荡妇罗丝厮混 |
[38:10] | My daughter’s a scorned wife. | 我女儿反倒成了被人瞧不起的妻子 |
[38:12] | This is the first place they’ll come looking. | 所以他们首先会怀疑她的 |
[38:14] | All right. | 好吧 |
[38:16] | Why don’t we just slow down, just take one step at a time? | 你慢慢给我讲讲来龙去脉吗 |
[38:24] | Becky hasn’t had it easy these past few years. | 贝琪这几年来一直都过得很不容易 |
[38:27] | All right. | 好吧 |
[38:28] | After Charlie died, I… | 查理死后 我 |
[38:32] | I admitted myself to Pleasant Meadows for a while. | 主动去芳草地疗养院待了段时间 |
[38:36] | I’ve been there, Jayne. | 我去过那里了 简恩 |
[38:37] | That ain’t your style. | 那不像你的风格 |
[38:39] | You’re as tough as nails. | 你一向都像钉子一样坚强 |
[38:41] | Those nails got rusty, Carson. | 钉子生了锈 卡森 |
[38:45] | Maybe you can help me with something. | 也许你能帮我个忙 |
[38:47] | About the woman in the sanitarium? | 你想打听疗养院那个女人 |
[38:49] | Barbara Van Poole? | 芭芭拉·范·普尔吗 |
[38:51] | I told you. There’s no secrets in this town. | 我告诉过你 这个镇上没有秘密 |
[38:54] | Did you ever meet her when you were there? | 那你在那的时候见过她吗 |
[38:56] | Sure, I did. | 当然 我见过 |
[38:58] | That was a while ago. | 但那是很久以前的事了 |
[39:01] | Why is it that I’m having such a hard time getting ahold of her? | 那为什么我要找她就这么难呢 |
[39:04] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[39:06] | When I left, I put all my energy into raising Becky. | 我走之后 把所有精力都用在贝琪身上 |
[39:09] | Goddamn it, she had to fall in love with a football player! | 该死的 她怎么也爱上个橄榄球运动员 |
[39:14] | That sound familiar? | 听起来很熟悉对吧 |
[39:21] | We were too young, Carson. | 我们那时太年轻了 卡森 |
[39:25] | Just like them. | 就像现在的他们一样 |
[39:38] | Emile will take care of your first payment, | 埃米尔会负责把定金给你 |
[39:41] | and he will see you out. | 然后送你出去 |
[39:44] | Yes, ma’am. | 好的 夫人 |
[39:47] | Oh… shit. | 见鬼 |
[39:54] | I reached out to my client in LA to give her an update, | 我联系洛杉矶的客户想汇报进展情况 |
[39:58] | but oddly, her number had been disconnected. | 然而 她的电话怎么也打不通 |
[40:01] | I couldn’t say no to Jayne, | 我无法拒绝简恩 |
[40:03] | so I decided my first questions would be for the coroner, | 所以我决定我先去问验尸官 |
[40:07] | who for some reason chose not to return any of my calls. | 但不知道原因 他完全不回我的电话 |
[40:11] | Hot dog, buddy. | 来个热狗吗 伙计 |
[40:13] | I have been looking for you all morning. | 我一上午都在找你 |
[40:15] | – And who are you? – I’m Carson Phillips. | -你哪位 -我是卡森·菲利浦斯 |
[40:18] | Oh, yeah. I’ve been rather busy. | 是你 我上午一直在忙 |
[40:20] | I can see that. | 我看得出来 |
[40:21] | – My treat. – You don’t have to do that. | -我来请 -你不用这么客气 |
[40:23] | I need some information about Happy Chandler. | 我需要向你打听下关于哈皮·钱德勒的事 |
[40:27] | He’s dead. | 他死了 |
[40:28] | I need a little more information than that. | 我需要了解更多的信息 |
[40:31] | It’s not about the money. | 你不需要给钱 |
[40:33] | Now, will you please stop? | 请你别捣乱好吗 |
[40:40] | He took a big shot. | 他受了很重的一击 |
[40:42] | But was it the hit that killed him? | 我想问的是那是致命的吗 |
[40:44] | The hit was vicious. | 那一击有点狠 |
[40:47] | It broke his collar bone, fractured his femur… | 他的锁骨 股骨等都断了 |
[40:52] | – But? – But… | -不过 -不过 |
[40:56] | we found extremely high levels of ephedrine and | 我们在他血液中检查出来大量麻黄碱 |
[41:00] | some yet to be determined chemical substance in his blood. | 和一些其他不确定的化学物质 |
[41:04] | Now what exactly does that mean? | 那到底是什么意思呢 |
[41:06] | Well, some of these athletes use it as a stimulant. | 这个 有些运动员会把它当作兴奋剂 |
[41:11] | But we’ve sent it to the lab in Dallas for a full analysis. | 我们把血液送到达拉斯实验室进行全面分析 |
[41:15] | Should have the results back in a few days. | 几天后就会有结果了 |
[41:19] | Can I count on you when that does come through? | 到时候可以通知我结果吗 |
[41:23] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[41:54] | – Jaynie. – Doc. | -小简 -博士 |
[42:00] | – You get on wonderful. – Well, thank you. So do you. | -你气色很好 -谢谢 你也是 |
[42:04] | How about a nice glass of rosé from my private stock? | 先来一杯我私人珍藏的桃红起泡酒怎样 |
[42:07] | Sounds great. Your place is so lovely, as always. | 听起来不错 这里看起来还是那么美好 |
[42:11] | Not bad for a poor kid from West Texas, huh? | 对一个得克萨斯西部来的穷小子来说不差吧 |
[42:40] | You’re here about your daughter, aren’t you? | 你今天是为你女儿来的 是吗 |
[42:47] | And you think I can help. | 你认为我能帮得上忙 |
[42:49] | Doc, you and I both know she had nothing to do with Happy’s death. | 博士 我们都清楚她和哈皮的死无关 |
[42:52] | Happy’s murder. | 哈皮的被害 |
[42:54] | Fine, murder. | 好 被害 |
[42:56] | It’s bad enough she’s a widow at this age. | 她这个年纪就成了寡妇已经够糟糕了 |
[42:58] | Now she’s the number one suspect? | 现在她还是头号嫌疑犯 |
[43:01] | You have to admit, it doesn’t look good. | 的确得承认 这看起来对她不利 |
[43:06] | You could call off Sheriff Walsh if you wanted to. | 你愿意的话你可以让沃尔什警长别针对她 |
[43:11] | You flatter me if you think I have that kind of influence. | 你这是在奉承我认为我有这种影响力 |
[43:14] | Oh, please, Doc. | 得了 博士 |
[43:17] | You could affect the tides if you wanted to. | 如果你愿意的话 潮汐都任你调遣 |
[43:23] | All right. Let’s say I do call Walsh… | 好吧 假如我给沃尔什打了电话 |
[43:28] | get him to do what you want. | 让他按你的意愿行事 |
[43:31] | What do I get? | 我能得到什么 |
[43:33] | What do you have in mind? | 你有什么想法呢 |
[43:36] | Well, you mentioned the tides. | 既然你提到了潮汐 |
[43:39] | I’m interested in what’s offshore. | 我倒是对岸边的一些东西感兴趣 |
[43:42] | I bet you are. | 我想你也是 |
[43:46] | Who do you think kept the State off your late husband? | 你认为是谁让政府不要调查你的亡夫的 |
[43:50] | All those toxicity reports. | 那么多的毒性报告 |
[43:55] | He paid for some of this. | 当然他也算是罪有应得 |
[43:59] | So you see… | 所以你看 |
[44:02] | I’ve been helping you all along. | 我其实一直在帮你 |
[44:05] | How much? | 多少 |
[44:07] | I’ll be your partner. | 我将作为你的搭档 |
[44:09] | Forty-nine percent. | 占股49% |
[44:11] | For you, of course. | 这都是看你面子 |
[44:16] | My attorney will be in touch. | 我的律师会联系你的 |
[44:21] | Good. | 很好 |
[44:24] | Oh, and one other thing. | 对了 还有一件事 |
[44:27] | Your… | 你的 |
[44:29] | old paramour, Carson… | 旧情人 卡森 |
[44:35] | I know you hired him. | 我知道你雇了他 |
[44:38] | But you have to call him off now. | 但是你得让他收手了 |
[44:41] | Get him to stop snooping around. | 让他别再到处打听 |
[44:44] | He could undo a lot of business just by making noise. | 光是打草惊蛇就会破坏很多生意 |
[44:49] | And what are you suggesting? | 你想让我做什么 |
[44:54] | You can convince him in ways that I can’t. | 你可以用我做不到的方式说服他 |
[44:59] | Now who’s flattering who? | 现在又是谁在吹捧谁了 |
[45:02] | I’ll do my best. | 我会尽力的 |
[45:05] | If you don’t… | 如果你不尽力 |
[45:09] | I’ll have to talk to him. | 就得我跟他谈了 |
[45:17] | Hey, Slide, how you doing? | 你好 斯莱德 你好吗 |
[45:20] | Umm, honestly, not too good. | 其实吧 不怎么样 |
[45:22] | – Can I get you a drink? – Yeah. Bourbon. | -喝点吗 -波本 |
[45:24] | – Neat or on the rocks? – Neat. | -纯酒还是加冰 -纯的 |
[45:26] | Why is that? | 为什么那么说 |
[45:28] | Why? | 还用问 |
[45:30] | This thing with Happy, man. | 哈皮的事 |
[45:32] | – It’s heavy. It’s really heavy. – Oh, is that so? | -很沉重 非常沉重 -是吗 |
[45:35] | Far out. | 相当的了 |
[45:37] | You know everything that’s happening around here. | 你知道这附近发生的所有事 |
[45:39] | Did Happy do drugs? | 哈皮吸毒吗 |
[45:41] | Happy’s drug was Rose. | 哈皮也就吸吸罗丝 |
[45:44] | Couldn’t get enough of that sweet ass. | 永远拜倒在她的石榴裙下 |
[45:46] | Did Becky know about Rose? | 贝琪知道罗丝吗 |
[45:48] | Hell, yeah. We all knew. | 是啊 我们都知道 |
[45:52] | How’d you do on the game? | 赌博赌得怎么样啊 |
[45:55] | I bet a little and I lose a little. You know? | 赌多少输多少 |
[46:00] | How’d Mitchell do? | 米切尔呢 |
[46:01] | Oh, shit. Mitchell? | 该死 米切尔吗 |
[46:03] | He owes Doc a shitload of money. | 他欠了博士一大笔钱 |
[46:06] | Got so bad, he had to let Lorenzo go. | 欠得太多 只能不管洛伦佐了 |
[46:09] | Oh. How’d Lorenzo do? | 那洛伦佐怎么样 |
[46:12] | He lost his ass. | 输得毛都没剩 |
[46:15] | You know, for a guy who used to change bedpans, | 对于一个过去就是端便盆的人来说 |
[46:19] | he’s got some pretty nice threads. | 他已经混得不错了 |
[46:21] | You know what, I think he’s dealing some dope. | 我觉得他在贩毒 |
[46:25] | No harm in dealing a little dope, is there? | 贩点小毒无伤大雅 对吧 |
[46:29] | Now, would Happy go to him to get drugs? | 那么 哈皮会去他那儿买吗 |
[46:31] | Lorenzo? Uhh… | 洛伦佐那儿吗 |
[46:34] | Nah, he would go to Mitchell. | 不 他会去找米切尔 |
[46:36] | After all, he’s a doctor, isn’t he? | 毕竟他是医生 对不对 |
[46:41] | Now, why are you asking me all these questions? | 话说回来 你问我这些干什么 |
[46:45] | Hell, you know me. I’m just curious. | 你又不是不知道我 好奇心重 |
[46:52] | I didn’t like the look of the guy at the bar, | 我不喜欢酒吧里那人的眼神 |
[46:55] | so I decided to wait outside to see if he followed me. | 所以我在外静候 看他会不会跟出来 |
[47:00] | Instead, I saw Lorenzo. | 结果 我反而看到了洛伦佐 |
[47:04] | ♪ As I’m getting older ♪ | ♪ 我两鬓白霜 ♪ |
[47:06] | ♪ I been thinking about moving back home ♪ | ♪ 想重返家乡 ♪ |
[47:10] | ♪ To my beloved heaven ♪ | ♪ 那个我挚爱的天堂 ♪ |
[47:12] | ♪ I’m tired of this city And I’m tired of being alone ♪ | ♪ 我厌倦这座城池 厌倦形单影只 ♪ |
[47:19] | ♪ And I’ve got folks back there in heaven ♪ | ♪ 在那天堂 有我的兄弟 ♪ |
[47:22] | ♪ They are all waiting… ♪ | ♪ 等待着我的归期 ♪ |
[47:26] | It was clear to me that he was a lot more involved | 我觉得很明显 他在毒品交易中 |
[47:28] | in the drug trade than Slide let on. | 参与得远比斯莱德告诉我的要多 |
[47:31] | ♪ Heavenly, oh, yeah ♪ | ♪ 天堂之上 ♪ |
[47:36] | After listening to Slide’s fairy tales, | 听完了斯莱德的离奇童话 |
[47:39] | I went by the coroner’s office. | 我去了验尸官的办公室 |
[47:41] | Skipping the science lesson, | 先不谈理论依据 |
[47:43] | he said that it was tainted speed that had killed Happy. | 他说哈皮的死因是滥用兴奋剂 |
[47:48] | Thought you said you were just passing through. | 我以为你只是碰巧经过 |
[47:53] | Well, that’s changed. | 这点有所改变 |
[47:56] | Have you been hired by Jayne Hunt? | 简恩·亨特雇了你吗 |
[47:59] | Hired to do what? | 有什么好雇的呢 |
[48:00] | Oh, come on. Protect Becky. | 装什么装 保护贝琪啊 |
[48:03] | Happy’s been blatantly cheating on her all over town. | 哈皮一直在整个镇里公然出轨 |
[48:06] | It seems like it’s open-shut to me. | 我觉得这已经很明显的 |
[48:08] | How do you know it’s not one of those endless Texas bluebonnets | 你怎么知道不是他乱搞的 |
[48:11] | that he was deflowering, | 无数蓝帽花之一干的 |
[48:13] | promising he would leave his wife for them and didn’t? | 或许他答应为她们离婚 但反悔了 |
[48:16] | I don’t buy it. | 我才不信这鬼话 |
[48:17] | Or maybe more likely, | 或者更有可能的是 |
[48:19] | it’s a bunch of people getting rich off of him | 如果他在场上一团糟 |
[48:21] | messing up on the field. | 会有一群人受益 |
[48:22] | What are you getting at? | 你想说什么 |
[48:24] | Maybe they made him the same deal they made me years ago. | 或许他们许诺了他多年前许诺我的东西 |
[48:28] | But they didn’t want him dead, they just wanted him to mess up. | 但他们并不想他死 他们只想让他搞砸 |
[48:32] | You know what I think? | 知道我怎么想吗 |
[48:34] | I think all that LA sunshine has done made you a bit loopy. | 我觉得洛杉矶的阳光把你的智商晒干了 |
[48:40] | I think it’s cleared my head up. | 我倒觉得让我思路无比清晰 |
[48:55] | Light me. | 帮我点烟 |
[49:08] | Wanna do a shot? | 喝一杯吗 |
[49:10] | All right. | 好的 |
[49:13] | Two. | 两杯酒 |
[49:21] | To Happy. | 敬哈皮 |
[49:23] | He really was a great guy. | 他真的是个很好的人 |
[49:33] | Is that your mourning dress? | 这是你的丧裙吗 |
[49:38] | It’s black, isn’t it? | 黑色的 对吧 |
[49:41] | What there is of it. | 要看意味着什么 |
[49:45] | Did you get jealous every time he went home with his wife? | 他每次跟妻子回家你会吃醋吗 |
[49:50] | You wanna know if I killed him? | 你是想知道我有没有杀他 |
[49:54] | I’d like to know that. | 洗耳恭听 |
[49:59] | Did Happy do drugs? | 哈皮吸毒吗 |
[50:03] | Please, no more questions. | 拜托 别再问了 |
[50:05] | You were a football player. I like football players. | 你之前是橄榄球员 我喜欢橄榄球员 |
[50:08] | But not so much when they talk. | 但只要你们一开口 就不喜欢了 |
[50:22] | You like to watch? Huh? | 你喜欢观察 |
[50:25] | – Do you like to watch? – Excuse me? | -你喜欢观察吗 -什么 |
[50:27] | – People. – People. | -观察人 -人 |
[50:30] | Yeah, I guess I do. Kind of a habit. | 是啊 大概有点 算是习惯吧 |
[50:34] | Those boys… | 那些男孩 |
[50:39] | Always whispering. | 总是窃窃私语 |
[50:41] | Being secretive, like we don’t know what’s really going on. | 遮遮掩掩 像我们不知道发生了什么 |
[50:45] | Well, I have noticed that since I’ve been gone | 我注意到自从我离开以后 |
[50:49] | things have gotten a little bit more organized. | 一切都变得有条理了一点 |
[50:52] | – Oh, yeah. Daddy’s got the whole state wired. – Rose. | -是啊 我爸监听了整个州 -罗丝 |
[50:58] | I’d like to have a moment with my friend here, angel. | 我想和这位朋友聊上一会儿 小天使 |
[51:05] | Yes, Daddy. | 是 老爸 |
[51:18] | Let’s you and me take a ride. | 你和我 兜个风吧 |
[51:22] | All right. | 好啊 |
[51:34] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[51:58] | Are we going anywhere in particular? | 我们有目的地吗 |
[52:05] | You’re here looking for that Van Poole woman. | 你是来找那个范·普尔家的女人 |
[52:08] | Yup, that’s right. | 是啊 没错 |
[52:10] | I can tell you where she is. | 我可以告诉你她在哪儿 |
[52:14] | Well, that would be nice. | 那有劳你告诉我 |
[52:18] | But if I do that… | 但是如果我告诉你 |
[52:21] | I want you to go home. | 我要你回家去 |
[52:25] | I’ll give you a healthy going away present. | 我会给你个很好的回家礼物 |
[52:30] | Carson, you’re a smart guy. | 卡森 你是个聪明人 |
[52:33] | I’m sure you’ve put most of the pieces together already. | 我相信你今天已经大概弄清了事情原委 |
[52:37] | I just can’t have anybody poking around in my business. | 我就是不想有人到处打探我的生意 |
[52:41] | Honestly, Doc, | 说真的 博士 |
[52:43] | I ain’t interested in your business. | 我对你的生意根本不感兴趣 |
[52:48] | I know Jayne Hunt hired you to keep her daughter safe. | 我知道简恩·亨特雇你保她女儿安全 |
[52:57] | And I know you’ve been sniffing around Pleasant Meadows. | 我也知道你一直在芳草地疗养院打探 |
[53:02] | That’s just not gonna work out for you. | 你这样不会有结果的 |
[53:06] | Then, all right. | 那行吧 |
[53:08] | Where is Barbara Van Poole? | 芭芭拉·范·普尔在哪儿 |
[53:11] | She’s dead. | 死了 |
[53:14] | She’s as dead as Julius Caesar. | 她归西去见尤利乌斯·恺撒了 |
[53:18] | And I’m sure she’s not the only one. | 我也相信她不是唯一一个 |
[53:22] | Rich but crazy family members | 没人会去在意的 |
[53:24] | that nobody ever gave a fuck about. | 富家疯子而已 |
[53:28] | Look, | 听着 |
[53:30] | you go back to Los Angeles with a police report from Walsh. | 你带着沃尔什的警方报告回洛杉矶 |
[53:34] | I’ll have the coroner give you a legitimate death certificate | 我会让验尸官给你合法的死亡证明 |
[53:38] | and a nice will for her kin. | 以及给她亲属的丰厚遗嘱 |
[53:43] | It’s not a bad deal, Carson. | 这交易条件很好 卡森 |
[53:46] | Walk away. | 别再管了 |
[53:54] | Oh, man. | 这么说吧 |
[53:58] | I can’t. | 恕难从命 |
[54:00] | I screwed Jayne over once before, | 我之前对不起简恩一次 |
[54:03] | and I just can’t live with myself if I do it again. | 让我再来一次 我还怎么活下去 |
[54:17] | Suit yourself. | 随你的便吧 |
[54:31] | Go on. Get him outta here. | 走吧 把他带走 |
[54:48] | Doc’s goon dropped me off in a deserted part of town, | 博士的打手把我丢在小镇的偏僻地带 |
[54:51] | just to aggravate me. | 就是想惹恼我 |
[54:53] | But I guess it was better than | 但我想着 总比 |
[54:55] | being dropped off the side of a bridge. | 把我扔下桥好 |
[55:15] | Get him. Get him. | 抓住他 抓住他 |
[55:19] | Stop! | 站住 |
[55:53] | – Make a choice. Make a choice. – No, no, no. | -自己选 -不要 别 |
[55:56] | You know what? I don’t even like them sons of bitches. | 我跟你说 我根本不认识那些狗娘养的 |
[56:39] | All right, what’s so important | 好了 什么事儿这么重要 |
[56:41] | that you wouldn’t talk on the phone? | 你都不能在电话里说 |
[56:43] | Carson’s in trouble. | 卡森有麻烦了 |
[56:46] | So? | 所以呢 |
[56:48] | Some hit men followed him out from LA. | 有些职业杀手从洛杉矶跟着他来了 |
[56:51] | The morgue’s filling up. He killed two of them. | 停尸房都满了 他杀了两个人 |
[56:54] | Really? | 是吗 |
[57:00] | Isn’t that interesting? | 这不是很有趣吗 |
[57:03] | What you want me to do about it? | 你想要我怎么办 |
[57:06] | Make this his last warning. | 跟他说这是最后通牒 |
[57:11] | And with Jaynie? | 小简呢 |
[57:14] | Keep squeezing. | 继续逼她 |
[57:16] | Better for all of us. | 对我们都好 |
[57:20] | – I want every drop of that oil. – All right. | -榨到一滴油都剩 -好 |
[57:38] | “Arrest imminent!” | “迫切追凶” |
[57:41] | You know, we ID’d those shooters. They’re from LA. | 我们验明了枪手身份 洛杉矶来的 |
[57:45] | But I think you already knew that. | 但是我觉得 你早就知道了 |
[57:48] | They’re hit men. | 他们是职业杀手 |
[57:50] | Wanna tell me who they are? | 要告诉我他们是谁吗 |
[57:54] | They’re hit men. | 职业杀手 |
[57:58] | Don’t get cute with me, Carson. | 别跟我耍什么小聪明 卡森 |
[57:59] | I’ll throw you in the hole with them sodomites. | 信不信我把你扔给号子里的那群基佬 |
[58:01] | They’ll have a good ol’ time with you, too. | 他们也会好好享受和你一起的时光 |
[58:02] | Mmm. Well, I can take care of myself. | 我还是可以照顾好自己的 |
[58:07] | How much money you owe them? | 你欠他们多少钱 |
[58:10] | Fifty thousand. | 五万 |
[58:11] | Fifty thousand? | 五万 |
[58:13] | On gambling? | 赌博输了五万 |
[58:14] | What difference does it make? | 有什么区别吗 |
[58:16] | Now look, Walsh. I’ll make you a deal. | 听好了 沃尔什 我跟你说好 |
[58:19] | You lay off Becky, and I’ll leave town. | 你放过贝琪 我就离开这里 |
[58:21] | You’ll never hear from me again. | 我不会再烦你 |
[58:23] | I don’t think you’re in no position to make a deal. | 我觉得你没有资本跟我讲条件 |
[58:25] | Oh, yes, I am. With what I know. | 怎么没有 我知道很多信息 |
[58:29] | Lay off Becky. | 放过贝琪 |
[58:30] | Can’t do that, Carson. | 这我做不到 卡森 |
[58:32] | Thanks to you, everybody’s watching now. | 多亏你 现在所有人都在关心动向 |
[58:34] | Oh, what’s that supposed to mean? | 这话又什么意思 |
[58:37] | – That don’t concern you. – Oh, it does concern me. | -与你无关 -当然与我有关 |
[58:43] | Let me ask you something. | 我来问你 |
[58:46] | You think helping Jayne is somehow | 你真觉得帮了简恩 |
[58:49] | gonna wipe away all your sins from the past? | 你就能偿清你过去的罪孽吗 |
[58:52] | The way you just got up outta here and left that girl behind? | 你就那样离开 把人家姑娘扔下了 |
[58:58] | My leaving Jayne here was the best thing | 我把简恩留在这对她而言 |
[59:00] | I could’ve possibly done for her. | 是最好的选择 |
[59:05] | You do know it’s gonna be easy to get a conviction. | 你很清楚 想定罪很容易 |
[59:07] | Jayne is not very well liked around here. | 简恩在这也不是很受欢迎 |
[59:09] | Now, why would Jayne not be very well liked around here? | 为什么简恩在这不受欢迎 |
[59:12] | What did she ever do to anybody? | 她又如何伤过别人 |
[59:14] | Her husband Charlie’s oil poisoned the place. | 她丈夫查理的油毒害了这里 |
[59:17] | Done everything we could do to keep it a secret. | 我们已经尽力保密了 |
[59:19] | This is a beach town, remember? | 这是个海滨小镇 记得吗 |
[59:29] | Recognize her? | 认识她吗 |
[59:34] | That’s Becky. | 是贝琪 |
[59:36] | And you should know that she told me | 你应该知道她告诉我 |
[59:38] | that Happy beat the hell out of her on more than one occasion. | 哈皮不止一次把她打得梨花带水 |
[59:42] | One time, he damn near killed her. | 有一次 他妈的差点弄死她 |
[59:44] | And why didn’t you do anything about it? | 你为什么不做些什么呢 |
[59:47] | Like what? Arrest our star quarterback? | 我能做什么 逮捕我们四分卫明星吗 |
[59:54] | I can make your little shoot-out last night a clear case of | 我可以让你昨晚的小枪战成为 |
[59:58] | self-defense | 一个明显的自卫案件 |
[59:58] | or I can make sure you rot in jail. | 或者直接把你送进监狱 |
[1:00:02] | This is Texas, after all. | 毕竟这里是得克萨斯 |
[1:00:07] | I’m gonna see my client. | 我要去见我的客户了 |
[1:00:09] | Your move. | 你看着办吧 |
[1:00:28] | – Thank you. – I know. | -谢谢 -我了解 |
[1:00:31] | Hard. | 这很艰难 |
[1:00:42] | Becky? | 贝琪吗 |
[1:00:52] | I know that guy. | 我认识那个人 |
[1:00:54] | I seen him before. What’s his name? | 我见过他 他叫什么来着 |
[1:00:56] | That’s Don. He was one of Happy’s best friends. | Don 他是哈皮的一个好朋友 |
[1:00:59] | Right. That’s where I saw him. I saw him at the club. | 想起来了 我在俱乐部见过他 |
[1:01:04] | So, how you doing? | 最近如何 |
[1:01:07] | – Better. – Good, good. | -好点了 -那挺好 |
[1:01:09] | Would you mind if I asked you some questions? | 你介意我问你一些问题吗 |
[1:01:12] | – Would you be all right with that? – Listen, I don’t know anything. | -你同意吗 -我什么都不知道 |
[1:01:15] | Can I ask how things were going before? | 我能问问以前的情况吗 |
[1:01:22] | Look, Becky, I know about Rose and maybe some others, so… | 贝琪 我知道罗丝和其他人的事 所以 |
[1:01:25] | You know, unless you’re able to tell me, I can’t help you. | 你知道 你跟我说了我才能帮你 |
[1:01:29] | Sorry, it’s just embarrassing. | 对不起 只是很尴尬 |
[1:01:32] | He fooled around a lot before we were engaged, but… | 在我们订婚前他经常鬼混 |
[1:01:35] | promised he wouldn’t do it anymore. | 但他跟我保证以后不会了 |
[1:01:40] | Well, you gotta tell me something. | 好吧 跟我说些其他的吧 |
[1:01:42] | – Was Happy doing drugs? – No. He was a workout nut. | -哈皮吸毒吗 -不 他是个健身狂 |
[1:01:45] | Well, this is the problem, Becky. We got this crazy sheriff, Walsh. | 贝琪 这就有问题了 疯警长沃尔什 |
[1:01:49] | He thinks you’re the only suspect and that you have prime motive. | 认为你是唯一有作案动机的嫌犯 |
[1:01:54] | I didn’t kill my husband. | 我没有杀我丈夫 |
[1:01:59] | You okay, honey? | 你没事吧 亲爱的 |
[1:02:04] | I seen them pictures Walsh showed me. | 沃尔什给我看了一些照片 |
[1:02:06] | You never told me that he was hurting her. | 你从没跟我说过他在伤害她 |
[1:02:08] | That’s motive, Jayne. | 这就是动机 简恩 |
[1:02:10] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[1:02:12] | If you want me to help you, you gotta tell me everything. | 如果想让我帮你 把你知道的都告诉我 |
[1:02:14] | Isn’t it clear to you that she didn’t do it, Carson? | 卡森 你看不出来不是她干的吗 |
[1:02:17] | That is not the point. | 这不是重点 |
[1:02:18] | Look, everyone in this town doesn’t like you. Why? | 为什么镇上的人都不喜欢你 |
[1:02:21] | Of course they don’t. I’m rich. | 你说呢 我有钱啊 |
[1:02:23] | No, no. They said that your husband poisoned everybody | 不 他们说你丈夫毒死了所有人 |
[1:02:27] | or whatever the hell that means. | 这之类的鬼话 |
[1:02:29] | Look, you gotta come straight with me | 你得跟我说实话 |
[1:02:31] | and she’s gotta get straight with me. | 她得跟我说实话 |
[1:02:39] | Let me show you something. | 我来给你看些东西 |
[1:02:49] | From what I understand, | 据我所知 |
[1:02:51] | Charlie paid off every inspector in the State of Texas | 查理为了让这个地方运转起来 |
[1:02:53] | to get this place up and running. | 买通了得克萨斯州的所有检察员 |
[1:02:56] | Within a year, people started getting sick. | 一年之内 人们开始生病 |
[1:03:00] | They tested the groundwater. | 他们测试了地下水 |
[1:03:01] | The reports were inconclusive. | 实验结果毫无定论 |
[1:03:05] | I don’t really believe that. | 但我并不相信 |
[1:03:08] | Just more corruption, like everything else in this town. | 这只是这小镇上的又一个腐败罢了 |
[1:03:13] | People die and nobody cares. | 没人在乎人们的死活 |
[1:03:17] | I… | 我 |
[1:03:18] | I found all this out after Charlie died. | 查理死后我发现了这一切 |
[1:03:21] | Well, that’s not your responsibility. | 好吧 那不是你的责任 |
[1:03:24] | Well… | 但 |
[1:03:26] | – it is. – Why? | -我觉得是 -为什么 |
[1:03:28] | I… | 我 |
[1:03:30] | I wanted life to be easy for our daughter. | 我想让我们的女儿过上好生活 |
[1:03:37] | Our daughter. | 我们的女儿 |
[1:03:38] | Carson, she’s our daughter. | 卡森 她是我们的女儿 |
[1:03:42] | The hell you talking about? | 你到底在说什么 |
[1:03:45] | When I came to visit you before I married Charlie. | 在嫁给查理之前 我来看你的时候 |
[1:03:50] | Why wouldn’t you tell me something like that? | 你为什么不告诉我 |
[1:03:52] | Well, you sure as hell weren’t ready for marriage and a baby! | 你并没准备结婚生子 |
[1:03:54] | Don’t I have something to do with that decision? | 你在决定之前是不是该问问我 |
[1:03:57] | Come on! | 拜托 |
[1:04:00] | Why’d you leave me in the first place? | 你当初为什么要离开我 |
[1:04:04] | You said you’d take me with you. Why didn’t you? | 你说你会带上我 为什么没带 |
[1:04:10] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[1:04:14] | I’m so sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[1:04:22] | – I never stopped loving you. – Are you sure? | -我一直爱着你 -你确定吗 |
[1:04:38] | So it turns out I had a daughter. | 原来我有个女儿 |
[1:04:40] | This trip is full of surprises. | 这趟旅途真是充满惊喜 |
[1:04:43] | And I have to admit that I was overcome with | 我必须承认我被这最奇怪的 |
[1:04:47] | the strangest of instincts. | 本能所征服 |
[1:04:48] | Strange for me, anyway. | 不管怎样 对我来说很奇怪 |
[1:04:50] | I actually started to think of others instead of myself. | 我竟然开始为别人着想 |
[1:04:55] | I couldn’t imagine what would come next. | 我无法想象接下来会发生什么 |
[1:05:01] | – Hello. – Mr. Phillips. | -你好 -菲利浦斯先生 |
[1:05:03] | Yup. | 是的 |
[1:05:05] | It’s Michael Townsend, the coroner. | 我是迈克尔·汤森 验尸官 |
[1:05:07] | You asked me to call you when the medical report | 你让我在钱德勒先生的药检报告 |
[1:05:09] | came in on Mr. Chandler. | 出来后打给你 |
[1:05:11] | Yeah, go ahead. | 是的 请讲 |
[1:05:13] | It was a high concentration of amphetamines and steroids. | 结果显示安非他命和类固醇的浓度很高 |
[1:05:18] | There was also a finding of doxorubicin in his system. | 在他的身体里还发现了阿霉素 |
[1:05:21] | -What the hell is that? – Well… | -那是什么东西 -这个 |
[1:05:24] | that’s the odd part. It’s a cancer drug. | 有点奇怪 它是一种抗癌药物 |
[1:05:27] | Cancer drug? | 抗癌药物 |
[1:05:30] | Well, you can’t buy that over the counter. | 在药店是买不到的吧 |
[1:05:32] | Oh, no. It has to be prescribed by a physician. | 是的 必须由医生开处方才行 |
[1:05:37] | All right. Thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[1:06:11] | Hey, you! | 是你 |
[1:06:13] | What you got there? | 拿的什么 |
[1:06:15] | – Coffee? – Coffee. | -咖啡吗 -是的 |
[1:06:17] | Well, I’m gonna have to put a bit of bourbon in that. | 好吧 我得在里面加点波本 |
[1:06:21] | Come on. Now I’m impressed. | 不是吧 你还真准备了 |
[1:06:26] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[1:06:31] | She told you. | 她告诉你了 |
[1:06:33] | I’m not dumb. | 我又不傻 |
[1:06:35] | You could tell a lot just by the way she looked at you. | 从她看你的样子我就大概能猜到了 |
[1:06:39] | She never had that look in her eye with Charlie. | 她和查理在一起从来没有那样的眼神 |
[1:06:43] | I asked her what was really going on. | 我问她到底发生了什么 |
[1:06:45] | She said you were the love of her life. | 她说你是她的一生挚爱 |
[1:06:49] | When Charlie proposed… | 当查理求婚时 |
[1:06:51] | she went out to visit you in Los Angeles just to make sure. | 她去洛杉矶找你只是为了确认一下 |
[1:06:57] | She made the right choice. | 她做出了正确的选择 |
[1:06:59] | – I’m scared. – Don’t be. | -我很害怕 -不用怕 |
[1:07:02] | Ain’t nothing gonna happen to you. | 你不会有事的 |
[1:07:05] | You understand? | 明白吗 |
[1:07:10] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[1:07:17] | Well, what do you think? You think I need coffee or bourbon? | 你觉得呢 我是喝咖啡还是波本 |
[1:07:21] | Coffee. | 咖啡 |
[1:07:23] | Coffee? All right, have a seat. | 咖啡吗 好 坐吧 |
[1:07:26] | Have a seat. Sorry about the mess. | 请坐 抱歉这里很乱 |
[1:07:28] | I’m just not very good at taking care of myself. | 我不太擅长照顾自己 |
[1:07:32] | You sure are. | 但你肯定不会像我这样 |
[1:07:34] | You’re one… one beautiful girl. | 你是一位 一位漂亮的姑娘 |
[1:07:37] | All right now, what do we got here? | 好了 我们都有什么 |
[1:07:39] | – You got a coffee, regular, for you. – Yes. | -一杯正常的咖啡 给你的 -是的 |
[1:07:42] | And for me. | 这是我的 |
[1:07:44] | – And what did you buy here? – Doughnuts. | -你买了什么 -甜甜圈 |
[1:07:47] | Oh! I like these. | 我喜欢 |
[1:07:50] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[1:07:51] | – One for you. – Thank you. | -给你一个 -谢谢 |
[1:07:53] | And one for me. | 我一个 |
[1:07:55] | Would you like me to teach you how they eat doughnuts in LA? | 想让我教你洛杉矶人怎么吃甜甜圈吗 |
[1:07:58] | – Yeah. – I can’t. | -好呀 -可惜不行 |
[1:08:00] | ‘Cause they don’t eat doughnuts in LA. They eat sprouts. | 洛杉矶人不吃甜甜圈 吃豆芽菜 |
[1:08:04] | However, I can show you how they do it in Texas. | 不过 我可以告诉你得克萨斯人是怎么吃的 |
[1:08:09] | You ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[1:08:12] | Dunk. | 泡一泡 |
[1:08:18] | Maybe smaller bites. | 咬小点 |
[1:08:20] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[1:08:23] | You’re too pretty to be dunkin’ doughnuts. | 你太漂亮了 不能对甜甜圈上瘾 |
[1:08:25] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[1:08:27] | First time I’ve ever toasted without liquor in it. | 这是我第一次没用列酒干杯 |
[1:08:39] | What the hell? | 怎么回事 |
[1:08:42] | It’s Slide. | 是斯莱德 |
[1:08:46] | Becky, close the door. | 贝琪 把门关上 |
[1:08:50] | The hell happened to you? | 你他妈怎么了 |
[1:08:52] | I went over to see Lorenzo. | 我去找洛伦佐 |
[1:08:55] | To do what? To collect some money? | 去干什么 收钱吗 |
[1:08:57] | You lied to me, Slide. Becky, get some towels. | 斯莱德 你骗了我 贝琪 拿些毛巾来 |
[1:09:01] | Why? Why this game? | 为什么 要参与其中 |
[1:09:04] | A hunch? | 直觉 |
[1:09:06] | – You expect me to believe that? – Yeah. | -你觉得我会信么 -会 |
[1:09:08] | What the hell was that for? | 你真是干什么 |
[1:09:11] | Because that girl in there has a lot to lose | 如果我不深入调查的话 |
[1:09:14] | if I don’t get to the bottom of it. | 里面的那个女孩会失去很多 |
[1:09:17] | – I did bring your replacement pills. – Oh, thank you. | -我带了你的替代药 -谢谢 |
[1:09:20] | I’ll try not to drop them down the toilet this time. | 这次我尽量不要把它们掉进马桶里 |
[1:09:24] | Oh, damn it. | 该死 |
[1:09:27] | You ain’t that tough, Slide. | 你没那么坚强 斯莱德 |
[1:09:28] | – Now just tell me the truth. Just do it. – Okay. Okay. | -告诉我真相 快点 -好 好 |
[1:09:31] | Jaynie? | 小简 |
[1:09:39] | I overheard this conversation between Doc and Happy. | 我无意中听到博士和哈皮的谈话 |
[1:09:43] | Happy owed Doc a shitload of money. | 哈皮欠了博士一大笔钱 |
[1:09:46] | – I’ll see you later in my office. – See you around, Carson. | -待会来我办公室 -再见 卡森 |
[1:09:50] | Then Doc told him, | 博士告诉他 |
[1:09:52] | “The only way you’re gonna get even with me is | 你要想还清债 唯一的办法就是 |
[1:09:54] | if you throw the game.” | 退出比赛 |
[1:09:56] | Starting a fistfight on the night before a big game. | 在一场大赛的前一天晚上打架 |
[1:09:59] | Have you lost your mind? | 你疯了吗 |
[1:09:59] | Go home to your wife. | 回家找你妻子去 |
[1:10:01] | That’s the truth. | 这就是实情 |
[1:10:03] | That’s what I thought. | 我也这么想的 |
[1:10:05] | Then Happy got greedy. Very greedy. | 然后哈皮开始变得贪婪 非常贪婪 |
[1:10:07] | The kid wants more. What should we do? | 那小子还嫌不够 我们要怎么办 |
[1:10:10] | You need to step up and take care of that little problem of ours. | 那你就出面去解决这个小问题 |
[1:10:12] | Go, go, go. | 去 赶紧 |
[1:10:14] | Mitchell made all the bets so it wouldn’t look suspicious. | 为了不让别人怀疑米切尔下了所有赌注 |
[1:10:17] | And then he killed him. | 然后他杀了他 |
[1:10:20] | I knew it. | 我就知道 |
[1:10:22] | Jaynie? | 小简 |
[1:10:24] | What the hell are you doing here? | 你怎么来了 |
[1:10:26] | Sorry to interrupt. | 抱歉打断一下 |
[1:10:29] | – Becky around? – No. | -贝琪在吗 -不在 |
[1:10:31] | Well, we need to talk to her. | 我们要和她谈谈 |
[1:10:33] | Oh, God. Shit. I knew it! | 天啊 见鬼 我就知道 |
[1:10:35] | You gonna help me, though, aren’t ya? | 不过 你会帮我的 是吗 |
[1:10:50] | – Yeah. – Carson. | -你好 -卡森 |
[1:10:52] | Walsh is here with an arrest warrant for Becky. | 沃尔什带着贝琪的逮捕令来了 |
[1:10:58] | Put him on. | 让他接电话 |
[1:11:03] | Carson, where is she? | 卡森 她在哪里 |
[1:11:04] | Now listen to me, Walsh. | 现在听我说 沃尔什 |
[1:11:06] | You trusted me one time, and I need you to trust me again. | 你以前相信过我 我需要你再信我一次 |
[1:11:09] | I know for a fact that that game was fixed. | 我知道那个比赛被人操纵了 |
[1:11:12] | A lot of people could’ve benefited from it. | 很多人没法从中受益了 |
[1:11:15] | And I know who they are. | 我知道他们是谁 |
[1:11:17] | She was seen stalking him outside of Rose’s. | 有人看见她在罗丝家外面跟踪他 |
[1:11:19] | The game was fixed! | 那场比赛被人操纵了啊 |
[1:11:22] | Give me 24 hours, and I will find your killer. | 给我24小时 我会找到凶手的 |
[1:11:28] | You better be right. | 希望你说到做到 |
[1:11:30] | Else it’ll be your tit in the ringer along with hers. | 否则你就等着和她一起坐牢吧 |
[1:11:34] | I owe you, Walsh. | 沃尔什我欠你一个人情 |
[1:11:36] | And watch your mouth. That’s my daughter you’re talking about. | 还有 注意你的言辞 你说的是我女儿 |
[1:11:48] | Carson, he’s gone. | 卡森 他已经走了 |
[1:11:50] | I heard you went to see Doc. | 我听说你去见博士了 |
[1:11:52] | We made a deal. | 我们做了笔交易 |
[1:11:54] | He promised to keep Walsh off Becky’s back. | 他答应不让沃尔什再来找贝琪麻烦 |
[1:11:58] | I knew I couldn’t trust anyone but you, Carson. | 我知道除了你我都不能轻信 卡森 |
[1:12:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:12:14] | To what do I owe this surprise? | 什么风把你给吹来了 |
[1:12:21] | I know about the fix. | 我知道操纵比赛的事 |
[1:12:25] | Now, relax. | 现在 放松 |
[1:12:26] | It’s a perfect reason to keep Happy alive. | 这是留哈皮活口的完美借口 |
[1:12:29] | Kind of guaranteed your arrangement. | 算是给你的安排有所保障 |
[1:12:34] | Make sense. | 有道理 |
[1:12:36] | Now, unfortunately for you, Happy got greedy. | 对你来说不幸的是 哈皮变贪婪了 |
[1:12:40] | He got a partner. | 他有了个搭档 |
[1:12:41] | Now, I know Mitchell was making drugs | 我知道米切尔之前一直在制造毒品 |
[1:12:44] | and Lorenzo was selling them and expanding | 而洛伦佐负责卖 还扩大了生意 |
[1:12:47] | and cutting into your business. | 还影响了你的生意 |
[1:12:49] | And maybe he paid his debt off to you, | 也许他还清了欠你的债 |
[1:12:52] | and you lost your edge. | 然后你就失去了优势 |
[1:12:54] | And maybe you set them both up. | 也许你陷害了他们俩 |
[1:12:58] | Good theory. | 很好的假设 |
[1:13:00] | And you make a good point. | 而且你说得很有道理 |
[1:13:03] | I would be happier with those two out of the way, | 这两个人不再碍事的话我会更高兴 |
[1:13:05] | but I’d rather sit back and watch. | 但我宁愿坐视不管 |
[1:13:07] | You break up the drug ring, | 你瓦解了贩毒团伙 |
[1:13:10] | Lorenzo disappears, | 洛伦佐失踪了 |
[1:13:12] | Mitchell can’t pay me, | 米切尔付不起我的钱 |
[1:13:14] | and Pleasant Meadows becomes the best resort | 芳草地疗养院变成最好的度假胜地 |
[1:13:18] | and 18 holes in all of South Texas. | 和得克萨斯南部的高尔夫球场 |
[1:13:22] | You want a free membership? | 你想要免费会员吗 |
[1:13:27] | There’s a man like me in every town. | 每个城镇都有一个像我这样的人 |
[1:13:33] | We’re all alike. | 我们都一样 |
[1:13:37] | Some are just… | 只是有些人 |
[1:13:40] | better. | 更好 |
[1:13:45] | I never lose, Carson. | 我从不失手 卡森 |
[1:13:50] | I’ll keep that in mind. | 我会记住这点 |
[1:14:07] | 来体育场见我 要事 | |
[1:16:01] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[1:16:05] | – Good job. – My wife. | -干得好 -我妻子洗的 |
[1:16:08] | What were you doing, rolling around in a grave? | 你刚才干什么了 在坟墓里打滚了吗 |
[1:16:11] | Rolling around in a grave? | 在坟墓里打滚了吗 |
[1:16:14] | She’s dead. And she’s not the only one. | 她死了 而且她不是唯一一个 |
[1:16:16] | That’s fresh dirt. I can get that cleaned up for you. | 你衣服上都是泥巴 我可以帮你清洗干净 |
[1:16:18] | People just disappear here. This is a bad place. | 这里的人会凭空蒸发 这里是不祥之地 |
[1:16:23] | You all right, Mr. Phillips? | 菲利浦斯先生 你没事吧 |
[1:16:44] | Found you. | 找到你了 |
[1:16:47] | Good evening, Mr. Carson Phillips. | 晚上好 卡森·菲利浦斯先生 |
[1:16:51] | Miles. | 迈尔斯 |
[1:16:53] | Why couldn’t you just get lost? | 你为什么就不能滚开呢 |
[1:16:56] | You were warned so many times. | 已经警告你很多次了 |
[1:17:00] | Just let me guess. | 让我猜猜 |
[1:17:02] | You was billing patients’ families after they was dead? | 你在病人死后还一直给他们的家人开账单 |
[1:17:06] | That didn’t make you enough money, | 你还嫌赚得不够 |
[1:17:08] | so you started a new business with Lorenzo. | 所以你和洛伦佐一起干了新买卖 |
[1:17:11] | Is that right? | 对吗 |
[1:17:13] | Mmm, that’s about the slow and skinny of it. | 你在说吸毒的事 |
[1:17:15] | Well, let me congratulate you. | 我要祝贺你 |
[1:17:18] | ‘Cause you’re on the way to being the biggest meth dealer | 因为你将会成为得克萨斯州境内 |
[1:17:20] | in the State of Texas. | 最大的冰毒贩子 |
[1:17:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:17:23] | It looks like you saved me some work. | 看来你还给我留了些活 |
[1:17:26] | No, no, no, no. This grave ain’t big enough for me. | 不 这个墓穴对我来说不够大 |
[1:17:31] | Come on, do you give me a helping hand | 来吧 你来帮我一把 |
[1:17:32] | I can’t get my hands any more dirty. Put the shovel… | 我再也不能把我的手弄脏了 把锹放在 |
[1:17:44] | I kill you! | 我要杀了你 |
[1:18:05] | I got you, cabrón! | 你跑不了了 混蛋 |
[1:18:10] | Lorenzo | 洛伦佐 |
[1:18:36] | You hear me? | 听得到吗 |
[1:18:41] | I’m coming! | 我来了 |
[1:18:52] | Get over here! | 过来 |
[1:18:53] | What the hell? | 什么鬼 |
[1:19:19] | I got you, motherfucker! | 你跑不了了 混蛋 |
[1:19:42] | Fuck! | 见鬼 |
[1:19:50] | Fuck. | 该死 |
[1:19:55] | No, no, no, no! No! | 不 不要 |
[1:20:08] | It’s over, Miles. | 结束了 迈尔斯 |
[1:20:12] | It’s over. | 结束了 |
[1:20:15] | Put the gun down. | 把枪放下 |
[1:20:19] | Put it down. | 放下 |
[1:20:20] | Go ahead. Put it down. | 继续 放下 |
[1:20:26] | Now, you be a gentleman. | 现在 你做个好人 |
[1:20:29] | Be a gentleman… | 做个好人 |
[1:20:32] | and just tell me… | 告诉我 |
[1:20:34] | you poisoned Happy with them bad drugs. | 你用那些毒品给哈皮下了毒 |
[1:20:43] | And that you murdered him. | 是你杀了他 |
[1:20:46] | You tell me that. | 你告诉我 |
[1:20:49] | Say it. | 说出来 |
[1:20:56] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:21:02] | I always knew that you were one of the greats. | 我一直都知道你是个巨星的 |
[1:21:14] | Yeah, he got what he deserved! | 他罪有应得 |
[1:22:01] | You wouldn’t happen to have a light, would you? | 你不会碰巧没火吧 |
[1:22:04] | What happened here? | 这里发生了什么 |
[1:22:08] | Oh yeah, let’s see. | 我们说说 |
[1:22:11] | You got Mitchell’s meth lab | 你找到了米切尔的冰毒实验室 |
[1:22:12] | that just blew up, | 它刚刚爆炸了 |
[1:22:15] | and you got a whole bunch of his patients | 你还找到了一大堆 |
[1:22:18] | buried all over these grounds. | 埋得到处都是的病人 |
[1:22:22] | Well, I ain’t surprised. | 我一点也不觉得意外 |
[1:22:26] | What was I supposed to do? | 我该怎么办 |
[1:22:28] | Well, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:22:29] | What were you supposed to do, Sheriff? | 你应该做什么 警长 |
[1:22:33] | That ain’t the way things run around here. | 这样的事在这不常发生 |
[1:22:35] | You should know better. | 你应该更清楚 |
[1:22:38] | Where’s Miles at? | 迈尔斯在哪里 |
[1:22:43] | Miles is dead. | 迈尔斯死了 |
[1:22:45] | And he told me that he was the one | 他告诉我他是那个 |
[1:22:47] | who gave Happy them bad drugs | 给哈皮毒品的人 |
[1:22:49] | just to cover his bets | 只是为了掩盖自己的下注 |
[1:22:51] | or guarantee they would happen. | 或者保证下的注会赢 |
[1:22:55] | I told you Becky never had anything to do with this. | 我告诉过你贝琪与此事无关 |
[1:22:57] | I told you that. | 我告诉过你的 |
[1:23:03] | Fraud. Drug smuggling. Murder. | 欺诈 毒品走私 谋杀 |
[1:23:09] | You got some case on your hands, buddy. | 老兄 你手上案子不小 |
[1:23:13] | Some case. | 大案子 |
[1:23:14] | I wouldn’t be surprised if you were reelected next year. | 如果你明年再次当选 我一点不会吃惊 |
[1:23:18] | I like the sound of that. | 这话听着好听 |
[1:23:21] | Any holes? | 有什么困难吗 |
[1:23:24] | Just the ones you’re gonna be digging up tonight. | 只有你今晚要挖的洞 |
[1:23:28] | You gonna lay off Becky? | 你会放过贝琪吗 |
[1:23:33] | Well… | 那个 |
[1:23:36] | everyone’s dead. | 都死无对证了 |
[1:23:49] | You look like shit. | 你看起来糟透了 |
[1:23:53] | Want a drink? | 想喝点什么吗 |
[1:23:57] | It’s 1:00 a.M. Do you ever sleep? | 现在是凌晨一点 你睡过觉吗 |
[1:24:00] | I try not to. | 我尽量不睡 |
[1:24:02] | I hate those little snippets of death. | 我不喜欢挺尸 |
[1:24:06] | So, I understand you had quite a night. | 我知道你度过了一个特别的夜晚 |
[1:24:11] | Oh. You already heard. | 你已经听说了 |
[1:24:13] | So… | 既然 |
[1:24:15] | my competition is no longer with us. | 我的竞争对手已经不在了 |
[1:24:19] | Now… | 现在 |
[1:24:21] | I guess I owe you one, Carson. | 我想我欠你一个人情 卡森 |
[1:24:24] | Well, I’m glad you feel that way. | 你这样想我很高兴 |
[1:24:26] | And I understand that you made a deal with Jayne. | 我也知道你和简恩做了一笔交易 |
[1:24:29] | I did. | 是的 |
[1:24:30] | I’m guessing it has something to do with her oil wells. | 我猜这与她的油井有关 |
[1:24:34] | em hmm | 是的 |
[1:24:35] | And I’m sure she asked you to ask Walsh to back off. | 我很肯定她曾让你叫沃尔什滚开 |
[1:24:41] | She did. | 是的 |
[1:24:43] | And I asked him. | 我让他滚了 |
[1:24:45] | And he didn’t. | 但他没有 |
[1:24:48] | He didn’t? | 他没有吗 |
[1:24:51] | – Is Becky in trouble? – Not anymore. | -贝琪有麻烦吗 -不会了 |
[1:24:54] | Miles killed Happy. | 迈尔斯杀了哈皮 |
[1:25:04] | Says you. | 随你怎么说 |
[1:25:06] | There’s no proof. | 没有证据 |
[1:25:09] | Just you saying so. | 只是你这么说 |
[1:25:13] | You might wanna let this one go, Carson. | 卡森 你或许想让这事就此了结 |
[1:25:16] | Unless, of course, you want this whole thing reopened. | 当然 除非你想让所有事情重新被揭开 |
[1:25:22] | The deal I made with Jayne is between me and her. | 我和简恩的协议仅限于我和她之间 |
[1:25:33] | There’s no end to the lengths a mother | 一个母亲会永无止境地 |
[1:25:35] | will go to protect her daughter. | 保护自己的女儿 |
[1:25:39] | When’s enough enough? | 什么时候会是个头 |
[1:25:44] | There’s always more. | 一山更比一山高 |
[1:25:55] | Thanks for the drink. | 谢谢你请我喝酒 |
[1:25:58] | I told you, Carson. | 我告诉过你 卡森 |
[1:26:01] | I never lose. | 我从未失手 |
[1:26:04] | Yeah, you told me. | 是的 你说过 |
[1:26:40] | It’s all over. | 都结束了 |
[1:26:42] | I knew I could count on you. | 我就知道我能依靠你 |
[1:27:39] | – Good morning. – Morning. | -早上好 -早上好 |
[1:27:42] | You looked so peaceful, I didn’t want to wake you. | 你睡得特别甜 我不想吵醒你 |
[1:27:46] | How you doing? | 你好吗 |
[1:27:48] | Wonderful. You? | 挺好 你呢 |
[1:27:51] | Me, too. | 我也挺好 |
[1:27:54] | Want some breakfast? | 你想吃早餐吗 |
[1:27:56] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:27:58] | What, for last night or for breakfast? | 感谢什么 是昨晚还是早餐 |
[1:28:01] | Well, I haven’t had breakfast yet. | 我还没有吃早餐呢 |
[1:28:07] | Get dressed. | 穿衣服吧 |
[1:28:08] | Let’s join our daughter. | 去和我们的女儿一起吃 |
[1:28:15] | Some things never change. | 有些事情永远不会改变 |
[1:28:19] | Oh, man. Oh, man. Oh, man. | 天啊 天啊 天啊 |
[1:29:05] | Last night felt like it was 20 years ago. | 昨晚感觉就像是二十年前 |
[1:29:10] | When we were younger… | 当时我们还年轻 |
[1:29:14] | and healthier. | 还健康 |
[1:29:16] | How much time do you have, Jayne? | 你还有多少时间 简恩 |
[1:29:24] | Not much. | 不多了 |
[1:29:27] | You told me you met Barbara Van Poole at the sanitarium. | 你曾告诉我你在疗养院见过芭芭拉·范·普尔 |
[1:29:32] | Now, did you cook all this up so I would come out, | 你是不是编造了这一切 好让我跳出来 |
[1:29:35] | clean it up, get Becky off the hook? | 收拾烂摊子 让贝琪摆脱困境 |
[1:29:37] | Is that what you did? | 是你的主意吧 |
[1:29:39] | I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[1:29:44] | A mother will do anything to protect her daughter. | 一个母亲为了保护女儿什么事都做得出来 |
[1:29:49] | Tell me that you did it, Jayne. | 告诉我是你干的 简恩 |
[1:29:52] | It might make you feel better. | 这可能会让你感觉好些 |
[1:29:55] | Mama, what’s going on? | 妈 怎么了 |
[1:30:02] | Did you kill my husband, Mama? | 是你杀了我的丈夫吗 妈 |
[1:30:07] | Tell her, Jayne. | 告诉她 简恩 |
[1:30:09] | Mama. | 妈 |
[1:30:20] | He was a monster. | 他就是个恶魔 |
[1:30:22] | He would’ve killed you. | 他会杀了你的 |
[1:30:30] | Sweetheart. | 亲爱的 |
[1:30:34] | I knew I wasn’t gonna be around to protect you. | 我知道我不会在你身边保护你了 |
[1:30:38] | There was no other way to save you, honey. | 没有别的办法救你 亲爱的 |
[1:30:47] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[1:30:56] | In 1971, scientists predicted | 1971年 科学家预测 |
[1:30:59] | that a comet named Kohoutek | 一颗名为科胡特可的彗星 |
[1:31:01] | would pass closer to Earth | 将近距离经过地球 |
[1:31:03] | than any other heavenly body in history. | 比历史上任何其他天体靠得都近 |
[1:31:06] | Timothy Leary said it was a cosmic windshield wiper | 蒂莫西·利里说它是宇宙的雨刮器 |
[1:31:08] | 芭芭拉 范·普尔 | |
[1:31:10] | that would wash this planet clean of all its bad karma. | 会把这地球上所有的业力都洗刷干净 |
[1:31:15] | The hippies waited with bated breath, | 嬉皮士们屏住呼吸等待着 |
[1:31:17] | but ’71 came and went. | 但1971年来了又走 |
[1:31:20] | Somehow, | 不知什么原因 |
[1:31:21] | Kohoutek veered off into space. | 科胡特可突然偏离轨道进入太空 |
[1:31:27] | They say we’ll have to wait another thousand years for it to return. | 他们说等它再次到来还要一千年 |
[1:31:32] | Till then, | 在那之前 |
[1:31:32] | someone else will have to deal with all this shit. | 有些人还是要应付这些因果 |
[1:31:44] | To say goodbye is to die a little. | 每一次告别 都离死神更近一步 |
[1:31:50] | I wasn’t quite ready for that. | 为此我还没怎么准备好 |
[1:32:18] | I wasn’t in a hurry to go home. | 我并不急着回家 |
[1:32:25] | Then I realized, I already was. | 后来我意识到 我已经在家了 |