英文名称:The Killing
年代:1956
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:01] | And they’re off and running! | 他们开始跑了了 |
[02:05] | Seattle breaking on top. Purple Shadow is second. | “西雅图”在前方猛冲 “紫色影子”第二名 |
[02:07] | At exactly 3:45 on that Saturday afternoon | 在那天周六下午3:45整 |
[02:10] | in the last week of September, | 九月的最后一个礼拜 |
[02:12] | Marvin Unger was perhaps the only one among the 1 00,000 people at the track | 马文安格可能是 赛马场上十万人里 |
[02:16] | who felt no thrill at the running of the fifth race. | 对第五局比赛 唯一提不起劲的人 |
[02:19] | He was totally disinterested in horse racing | 他对赛马毫无兴趣 |
[02:21] | and held a lifelong contempt for gambling. | 一生都看不起赌博 |
[02:23] | Nevertheless, he had a five-dollar win bet on every horse in the fifth race. | 然而他还是在第五局的 每匹马身上下注五块钱 |
[02:28] | He knew, of course, that this rather unique system of betting | 他当然知道这种奇特的押注法 |
[02:30] | would more than likely result in a loss, but he didn ‘t care. | 结果可能是输钱,但他不在乎 |
[02:34] | For after all, he thought, what would the loss of $20 or $30 mean | 他想毕竟输个二十,三十块 |
[02:37] | in comparison to the vast sum of money ultimately at stake? | 又怎能比得上 真正重要的那笔巨款呢? |
[02:41] | – A bottle of ginger ale, please, – Yes, sir, Comin’ right up, | – 请给我1瓶果汁汽水 – 好的,马上来 |
[02:48] | Favorite broke bad, Could be anybody’s race, | 最看好的马落后了 任何人都可能会赢 |
[02:51] | Could be, | 可能吧 |
[02:53] | A five-dollar win next to the five-dollar place, | 五块押它赢 另外五块押它进入排名 |
[03:00] | – Quite a crowd you got, – Yeah, | – 观众真不少 – 是啊 |
[03:03] | Passing the quarter pole, it is Lucky Arrow and Purple Shadow | 通过1/4处的是 “幸运飞箭”和”紫色影子” |
[03:07] | with Stopwatch on the outside to third. | 外圈的”马表”则是第三 |
[03:11] | At the head of the stretch , it is Purple Shadow leading by a length . | 跑道最前面的 “紫色影子”领先一个马身 |
[03:15] | Lucky Arrow is second, behind by a quarter. | 第二名的”幸运飞箭” 落后1/4个马身 |
[03:17] | Stopwatch moving up on the outside by a length and a quarter. | 从外圈赶上来的”马表” 落后一又1/4个马身 |
[03:21] | Then comes Southern Star, Baynard Brit, Stanley K, | 再来是”南方之星” “英仔贝纳”,”史丹利K” |
[03:24] | Third Row, and Lovely Dilemma. | “第三列”和”甜蜜困境” |
[03:26] | it is Lucky Arrow leading by a head. | “幸运飞箭”以一个马头之差领先 |
[03:29] | Purple Shadow by a header and Stopwatch moving fast on the outside. | “紫色影子”落后一个马头 “马表”从外圈迎头赶上 |
[03:33] | it’s Lucky Arrow, Purple Shadow, Stopwatch neck and neck. | 现在是”幸运飞箭” “紫色影子”和”马表”不分上下 |
[03:36] | it’s Lucky Arrow, Purple Shadow, and Stopwatch . | “幸运飞箭” “紫色影子”和”马表” |
[03:40] | it’s Stopwatch taking the lead. | 现在是”马表”领先了 |
[03:43] | it’s Stopwatch by a head. | “马表”第一名,领先一个马头 |
[03:45] | Purple Shadow second by a head, Lucky Arrow third by a length | 第二名”紫色影子”落一个马头 第三名”幸运飞箭”落后一个马身 |
[03:49] | and Southern Star finished fourth . | “南方之星”是第四名 |
[04:13] | Waiting for the race to become official, | 在等候宣布正式比赛结果时 |
[04:16] | he began to feel as if he had as much effect | 他开始觉得自己似乎也能影响 |
[04:18] | on the final outcome of the operation | 这个行动的最后结果 |
[04:20] | as a single piece of a jumbo jigsaw puzzle has | 如同特大号拼图中的一小片 |
[04:22] | to its predetermined final design . | 也能影响到成品的构图 |
[04:25] | only the addition of the missing fragments of the puzzle | 只有加上遗失的那块拼图 |
[04:27] | would reveal whether the picture was as he guessed it would be. | 才能看出这张图 跟他想像的是否一样 |
[04:33] | The result of the fifth race is now declared to open . | 第五局的结果正式公布 |
[04:56] | Twenty-five dollars, | 二十五块 |
[05:00] | About an hour earlier that same Saturday afternoon in September | 那个九月的周六下午 大约一小时前 |
[05:03] | in another part of the city, | 城市的另一边 |
[05:05] | Patrolman First Class Randy Kennan | 一级巡警伦迪肯能 |
[05:07] | had some personal business to attend to. | 正在办他的私事 |
[05:10] | Hiya, Tony, What’s the good word? | 你好,东尼,你好消息吗? |
[05:12] | Same as always–havin’ a ball, | 老样子,开心得很 |
[05:15] | See you later, | 待会见 |
[05:21] | Good evening, Randy, How have things been? | 晚安,伦迪,最近好吗?、 |
[05:24] | What’s the use of kickin’, Leo? You wouldn’t believe it, anyway, | 问有什么用,里欧? 说了你也不会相信的 |
[05:28] | l suppose that we’re very well, | 看来我们都过得不错 |
[05:31] | After all, a man drives a new car, lives in a fine apartment, | 你可是开新车住豪宅的人 |
[05:34] | So I like to live good, You got any objections? | 我是喜欢过好日子,你有意见吗? |
[05:38] | None at all… | 当然没有… |
[05:40] | as long as you don’t overlook your obligation to me, | 只要你没忘你对我的义务就好 |
[05:42] | l trust it was purely an oversight, | 我相信那只是一时疏忽 |
[05:45] | I’m sure a man in your position wouldn’t deliberately antagonize his creditors, | 我相信像你这种身份的人 不会故意惹毛债主的 |
[05:50] | l ain’t got it, I know I should have it, | 我没钱,我知道我应该带钱来 |
[05:53] | I’m as anxious to pay you off as you are to have me, but I ain’t got it, | 我和你一样急着想还你钱 可是我没钱 |
[05:56] | Well, we all get a little cramped now and then, | 我们都会有手头紧的时候 |
[06:01] | Suppose we make it a thousand, I’ll rewrite the balance as a new loan, | 干脆凑成一千 把结余重新写成新的贷款 |
[06:05] | Give you a fresh start, | 让你从头来过 |
[06:07] | Listen, I’m broke, Get me? Flat broke, | 听着,我没钱了 懂吗?一毛也没有 |
[06:10] | l couldn’t give you 1 ,000 cents, but if you can wait a couple of weeks– | 一毛也没有,别说一千了 如果你能再等两个礼拜… |
[06:14] | Might be arranged, with the proper collateral, of course, | 可以安排,但要有担保 |
[06:18] | You mean, where’s the dough comin’ from? I can’t tell you , | 你想知道钱从哪来? 我不能告诉你 |
[06:21] | All I can tell you is, it’s a sweet deal and I’ll be able to pay off, | 我只能说是笔大买卖 到时就能还你钱了 |
[06:26] | – In two weeks? No longer? – Maybe even less than that, | – 两个礼拜?不再拖? – 也许不用那么久 |
[06:29] | You know I wouldn’t pull a thing like this on you , I couldn’t afford to, | 你知道我不会玩你的,我玩不起 |
[06:34] | I’m glad you said that, | 很高兴你这么说 |
[06:36] | l was going to point out as much, | 我也正想这么说 |
[06:38] | but since you relieved me of the unpleasant necessity– | 不过你帮我说了,比较不难看 |
[06:41] | lt’s a deal then? I pay you the 2,600 within the next two weeks, | 就这么决定了? 我在两星期内还你两千六 |
[06:44] | Plus $400, a total of 3,000, The extra interest, of course, | 加上四百凑成三千 当然要加给利息 |
[06:49] | l trust that’ll be satisfactory, | 我想应该很令人满意 |
[06:51] | l couldn’t say no, | 我不能说不 |
[06:53] | Thank you , I was sure you ‘d see it my way, | 谢谢你,我就知道你会同意 |
[06:57] | Take good care of yourself, | 你要好好保重 |
[07:00] | I’ll take care of myself, mister, | 我会保重的,先生 |
[07:02] | That’s my specialty, | 那是我的专长 |
[07:05] | At 7:00 p.m . that same day, | 当天晚上七点钟 |
[07:07] | Johnny Clay, perhaps the most important thread in the unfinished fabric, | 强尼克雷 可能是最重要的一块拼图 |
[07:11] | furthered its design . | 让整张图渐渐成形 |
[07:13] | None of these men are criminals in the usual sense, | 这些人都不是 一般人眼中的罪犯 |
[07:15] | They’ve all got jobs, | 他们都有工作 |
[07:17] | They all live seemingly normal, decent lives, but… | 他们都过着 看来正常像样的生活,但是… |
[07:20] | they got their problems, and they’ve all got a little larceny in ’em, | 他们有问题要解决 他们都喜欢偷有东西 |
[07:24] | You take my pal Unger, for instance, the guy who owns this apartment, | 就拿我兄弟安格来说 这幢公寓就是他的 |
[07:28] | He’s putting up the money to operate with and he’s letting me stay here, | 这个行动就是他出的钱 他还让我住在这里 |
[07:32] | He’s a bookkeeper, | 他是个簿记 |
[07:34] | Been with the same company for ten years, | 在同一家公司工作了十年 |
[07:36] | You know, Fay, the biggest mistake I made before was shooting for peanuts, | 小菲,我最大的错误 就是净赚些小钱 |
[07:40] | Five years have taught me one thing, if nothing else– | 我这五年来学会了一件事 |
[07:43] | anytime you take a chance, you better be sure the rewards are worth the risk, | 每次在冒险之前 最好先确定报酬优渥 |
[07:46] | They can put you away just as fast for a $10 heist as for a million-dollar job, | 抢十块钱和抢一百万 都有可能坐牢的 |
[07:50] | You don’t have to sell it to me, Johnny, | 你不必说服我,强尼 |
[07:53] | You know I’ll go along with anything you say, | 你知道我都听你的 |
[07:55] | l always have, you know, ever since we were kids, | 从我们小时候,我就一直是这样 |
[07:58] | I’ve always believed you , everything you ‘ve ever told me, | 你跟我说过的每句话,我都相信 |
[08:03] | Those five years you been away, | 你不在的这五年 |
[08:05] | l know they must’ve been terrible for you , | 你一定很不好受 |
[08:08] | l mean, being locked up must be a terrible thing, | 坐牢一定是很不好受 |
[08:14] | You know something? | 你知道吗? |
[08:16] | This may sound funny, but… | 这也许听来好笑,可是… |
[08:19] | waiting for you all those years and staying by myself, | 等你的这些年来,我自己一个人 |
[08:23] | it was like… | 就好像… |
[08:25] | not that you were locked in, but I was locked out, | 不是你关在里面 而是我被关在外面 |
[08:30] | Well, look at me, | 你看看我 |
[08:31] | First time we’ve been together in five years, and I’m making speeches, | 五年来头一次见面 我就长篇大论的 |
[08:34] | Now, now, Everything is gonna be all right, I promise you , | 好了,不会有事的,我跟你保证 |
[08:38] | Make sure you ‘re right about it, | 你要说到做到 |
[08:40] | I’m no good for anybody else, | 我配不上任何人 |
[08:42] | I’m not pretty and not very smart, so please don’t leave me alone anymore, | 我不漂亮又不总明 求求你别再丢下我一个人了 |
[08:47] | Now, nothing is going to happen, not this time, | 不会有事的,这一次不会 |
[08:52] | l guess I better leave you be now, | 我想我最好别烦你了 |
[08:54] | l know you ‘ve got a lot of work to do, | 我知道你有很多事要做 |
[08:58] | – When will I see you again? – Saturday night, | – 我何时可以再见到你? – 星期六晚上 |
[09:01] | We’ll be on the plane together, | 我们一起搭飞机走 |
[09:02] | Look, Fay, until it’s over, I want you to stay out of the way, | 这件事结束之前 你最好不要出现 |
[09:07] | – lf there’s anything I can do to help, – No, Just make the plane reservations, | – 如果有什么我能帮上忙的 – 不,只要帮我订机位就好 |
[09:11] | Remember, tell them at the office that you ‘re leaving, | 别忘了跟办公室的人说你要走了 |
[09:13] | Tell them you ‘re getting married, | 说你要结婚了 |
[09:15] | l don’t want to say good-bye, | 我不想跟你道别 |
[09:21] | – We were just talking about you , – Hi, Johnny, Hi, Miss Fay, | – 我们刚才聊到你呢 – 嗨,强尼,菲小姐 |
[09:25] | – Hello, – I hope it was something nice, | – 你好 – 希望你们讲的是好话 |
[09:27] | Yes, Johnny was telling me about what a wonderful friend you were, | 是啊,强尼跟我说 你是个很棒的朋友 |
[09:30] | – Fay was just leaving, – Don’t rush off on my account, | – 小菲正要走了 – 别因爲我而急着走 |
[09:34] | – She’s late for an appointment, – That’s right, | – 她有个约会,要迟到了 – 没错 |
[09:37] | – You be sure to call me, – I’ll do just what I told you I would, | – 一定要打电话来 – 我跟你说了就会做到 |
[09:44] | lt was nice to see you again, Mr, Unger, Take care of Johnny, | 很高兴再见到你,安格先生 请你照顾强尼 |
[09:48] | There’s nothing I wouldn’t do for Johnny, | 我对强尼是义不容辞的 |
[09:50] | I’ll see you , | 再见 |
[09:54] | Ahalf an hour earlier at approximately 6:30, | 半小时前,大约在6:30 |
[09:56] | Mike o’Reilly, the track bartender, came home. | 赛马场的酒保麦可欧莱利回到家 |
[09:59] | Ruthie, I’m home, | 露西,我回来了 |
[10:38] | At 7:15 that same night, | 当天晚上7:15 |
[10:39] | George Peatty, the track cashier, arrived at his apartment. | 赛马场的出纳员 乔治彼提回到他的公寓 |
[10:44] | Hello, | 哈啰 |
[10:50] | Hello, | 哈啰 |
[10:53] | – Feeling okay? – Fine, | – 你还好吧? – 还好 |
[10:56] | I’ve been kind of sick today, I keep getting pains in my stomach, | 我今天有点不舒服 我的胃一直在痛 |
[10:59] | Maybe you got a hole in it, George, Do you suppose you have? | 也许它穿孔了,乔治,会不会? |
[11:02] | How would I get a hole in my stomach? | 我的胃怎么会穿孔? |
[11:05] | How would you get one in your head? Fix me a drink, | 你的头不就穿孔了吗? 帮我倒杯酒来 |
[11:08] | l think I’m developing some pains myself, | 我自己都觉得痛起来 |
[11:11] | Sherry, can’t I ever say anything at all without you joking me about it? | 雪莉,不管我说什么 你都一定要吐槽吗? |
[11:15] | Hurry up with that drink, The pains are gettin’ worse, | 快点拿酒来,我愈来愈痛了 |
[11:20] | l saw somethin’ kind of nice comin’ home on the train tonight, | 我今晚在回家的火车上 看到一个不错的东西 |
[11:23] | Somethin’, well, kind of sweet, | 感觉蛮甜蜜的 |
[11:25] | A candy bar, George? | 是糖果棒吗,乔治? |
[11:27] | No, not a candy bar, darn it, | 不是糖果棒,真是的 |
[11:33] | lt was people, | 是人啦 |
[11:36] | This couple sittin’ just in front of me, | 有一对男女就坐我的对面 |
[11:39] | They weren’t young exactly, I guess the woman was about your age, | 他们不年轻了 那个女人差不多是你的年技 |
[11:42] | A little senile, you mean, with one foot and a big toe in the grave? | 你是说有点老 一脚踏进棺材了吗? |
[11:47] | You want to hear this or not? | 你到底要不要听我说? |
[11:49] | l can’t wait, Go ahead and thrill me, | 我等不及了,快说吧 |
[11:52] | Anyway, they were sittin’ in front of me and I could hear what they were sayin’, | 反正他们坐在我对面 我可以听到他们说的话 |
[11:56] | Well, part of it, | 一部份啦 |
[11:58] | – They weren’t young exactly– – She was about my age, you said, | – 他们不算年轻… – 你说了,她是我的年技 |
[12:01] | Not anymore, Maybe she was when you started telling this story, but not now, | 也许你开始说故事的时候,她是 但现在不是了 |
[12:05] | Anyway, she was calling him Papa and he was calling her Mama, | 总之,她叫他爸爸,他叫她妈妈 |
[12:08] | The climax to this exciting story? The moral, the punch line? | 这个奇闻的高潮在哪里? 它的教训和重点呢? |
[12:13] | Forget it, I just thought I’d tell you about it, but I might’ve known, | 算了,我只是想告诉你 不过我早该猜到会这样 |
[12:17] | l know, You want to bet I know? I’ll give you seven-to-five, | 我知道 要不要赌我知道?我给你七比五 |
[12:21] | Cut it out, will you ? | 别闹了,好吗? |
[12:23] | I’m tired, I don’t feel so good, | 我累了,我不太舒服 |
[12:25] | You want me to call you Papa, and you want to call me Mama? | 你要我叫你爸爸 你想叫我妈妈对不对? |
[12:29] | – You know all the answers, – Go right ahead, | – 你什么都知道 – 仅管叫吧 |
[12:31] | lt may be the last word you ever say, but I’ll try to kill you as painlessly– | 那可能会是你的遗言 不过我不会让你死得太痛苦的 |
[12:34] | l gotta go out tonight, I don’t suppose there’s anything for dinner, | 我今晚要出门 我想应该没有晚餐吧 |
[12:38] | Of course there is, There are all sorts of things, | 当然有,有各式各样的东西 |
[12:41] | – We have steak, asparagus, and potatoes, – I don’t smell nothin’, | – 我们有牛排,芦笋,洋芋 – 我什么都没闻到 |
[12:44] | That figures, ’cause you ‘re too far away from it, | 当然,因爲你距离太远了 |
[12:47] | – Too far away? – You don’t think I had it all cooked, | – 太远? – 你该不会以爲我煮菜了吧 |
[12:50] | lt’s all down in the shopping center, | 东西全在购物中心里啊 |
[12:53] | Tell me somethin’, would you , Sherry? | 雪莉,告诉我好吗? |
[12:55] | Just tell me one thing, | 告诉我一件事就好 |
[12:58] | Why did you ever marry me, anyway? | 你当初爲什么嫁给我? |
[13:00] | When a man has to ask his wife that, well, he just hadn’t better, | 一个男人最好 不要问老婆这种问题 |
[13:05] | Why talk about it? Maybe it’s all to the good in the long run, | 干嘛谈呢? 也许长远来说是件好事 |
[13:08] | After all, if people didn’t have headaches, | 毕竟,如果大家都不会头痛 |
[13:10] | what would happen to the aspirin industry? | 阿斯匹灵工业该怎么办? |
[13:12] | You used to love me, You said you did, anyway, | 你爱过我的 至少你说过你爱我 |
[13:14] | l seem to recall you made a memorable statement, too– | 我好像听你说过 一个令人难忘的声明 |
[13:17] | something about hitting it rich and having an apartment on Park Avenue | 什么发财啦 在公园大道上买房子 |
[13:21] | and a different car for every day of the week, | 一星期每天开不同的车子 |
[13:23] | Not that I really care about such things | 并不是说我在乎这些东西 |
[13:26] | as long as I have a big, handsome, intelligent brute like you , | 因爲我有个像你一样 高大,英俊又总明的老公 |
[13:29] | lt would make a difference, wouldn’t it? lf I had money, I mean, | 如果我有钱的话 就会有分别,对不对? |
[13:32] | How would you define ”money”? | 你所谓的”钱”是什么? |
[13:34] | lf you ‘re thinking of giving me your collection of Roosevelt dimes– | 可别想送我 你收集的罗斯福钱币… |
[13:37] | l mean big money– hundreds of thousands of dollars, | 我是指大钱,好几十万块 |
[13:40] | You really don’t feel well, Are you sure that pain’s in your stomach? | 你真的不舒服对不对? 你确定你是胃痛吗? |
[13:43] | I’m gonna have it– hundreds of thousands, | 我会有几十万块的 |
[13:46] | Maybe a half a million, | 也许拿到五十万 |
[13:48] | Of course you are, Did you put the right address on the envelope | 我相信你 你把愿望寄到北极的时候 |
[13:51] | when you sent it to the North Pole? | 信封上的地址没写错吧? |
[13:53] | Go ahead and laugh, Wait and see, | 仅管嘲笑我,你等着瞧吧 |
[13:56] | Maybe you won’t be laughing so hard in a few days, | 也许几天后,你就笑不出来了 |
[13:59] | You ‘re serious, You really think you ‘re gonna have a lot of money, | 你是说真的 你真的以爲你会有一大笔钱 |
[14:03] | l don’t think nothin’, I know it, | 我不是以爲,我确定 |
[14:05] | You ‘ve never been a liar, You don’t have enough imagination to lie, | 你从来都不会说谎 你没有足够的想像力来说谎 |
[14:09] | What makes you think you ‘re gonna have several hundred thousand dollars? | 你凭什么确定 你会有好几十万块钱? |
[14:13] | – ‘Cause I do, I can’t talk about it, – Not even to me, your little Sherry? | – 我就是确定,只是我不能说 – 连你的小雪莉都不能说? |
[14:17] | l shouldn’t have even mentioned I was going to have it, | 我根本连提都不该提的 |
[14:19] | lt’s not that I mind, I know I can trust you , but if these other guys– | 我并不介意,我知道可以信任你 只是其他这些人… |
[14:22] | ”These other guys”? | “其他这些人”? |
[14:24] | l can’t talk about it, Sherry, | 我不能说,雪莉 |
[14:27] | ls that why you ‘re going out tonight? To meet with them? | 你今晚出门 就是要去见这些人吗? |
[14:30] | They got nothin’ to do with that, I just got to go uptown for a while, | 和他们一点关系也没有 我只是得去上城一下 |
[14:34] | l see, Well, you go right ahead, | 我明白了,你去吧 |
[14:36] | lf you want to act that way, I certainly won’t try to stop you , | 如果你想这样 我绝不会阻止你的 |
[14:39] | Now, Sherry, honey, don’t be sore at me, | 雪莉甜心,别生我的气嘛 |
[14:42] | When a woman’s been married five years and her husband doesn’t trust her– | 一个女人结婚了五年 结果老公不信任她 |
[14:46] | You think more of them than you do of me, | 你看得起别人,却看不起我 |
[14:49] | What right have you got to say a thing like that? | 你怎么能说出这种话? |
[14:52] | You know I’m crazy about you , I’d do anything in the world for you , | 你明知道我爱死你了 我愿意爲你做任何事 |
[14:55] | You ‘re the one I’m doing it for, lf I didn’t love you so much– | 我做这件事就是爲了你 如果我没这么爱你… |
[14:58] | l don’t want you to do anything for me, | 我不要你爲我做任何事情 我不想跟你说话了 |
[15:01] | Go up and see your fellow– whatever you want to do, | 你去见你的朋友或干嘛都行 |
[15:03] | Sherry, | 雪莉 |
[15:04] | Don’t you be surprised if I’m not here when you get home, | 如果你回家没看到我,可别惊讶 |
[15:08] | You better be here, You hear me? You will be, won’t you ? | 你最好在家,听到没? 你会在,家对不对? |
[15:12] | You wouldn’t do anything foolish, would you ? | 你不会做傻事吧? |
[15:15] | l certainly wouldn’t want to, but as long as you don’t trust me | 我当然不想,可是你不信任我 |
[15:17] | or have the slightest bit of faith in me– | 连一丁点也不信任我 |
[15:20] | – lf I ever found you with another man– – You have no use for me, | – 如果我发现你和别的男人在一起… – 你又对我没用处 |
[15:24] | You say you do, but when it comes to a showdown, or proving it, | 你说你有,可是等到 要你摊牌,证明的时候 |
[15:27] | you say one thing and then you do the opposite, | 你就说一套做一套了 |
[15:31] | Well, I could tell you a little bit about it, I guess, | 我可以告诉你一点点 |
[15:35] | or most of it, | 或大部份的计划 |
[15:37] | – But you got to promise to keep quiet, – Why, of course, darling, | – 但你要保证不说出去 – 当然了,亲爱的 |
[15:42] | Just a second, | 等一下 |
[15:46] | – Well! – Hello, | – 嘿了 – 哈啰 |
[15:50] | – How’d you get away from George tonight? – He had to go somewhere, | – 你今晚怎么甩得掉乔治? – 他有事出门 |
[15:53] | That’s a break, I’m glad you called me, | 运气真好 真高兴你打电话来 |
[15:58] | Somethin’ wrong, baby? | 怎么了,宝贝? |
[16:00] | No, nothing’s wrong, | 没什么事 |
[16:02] | – Can I get you a drink? – No, I don’t think so, | – 要我帮你倒一杯吗? – 不,不用了 |
[16:06] | Come on, now, That’s not my baby, | 别这样嘛 这样不像我的宝贝 |
[16:09] | – Val, I called you last night, – Yeah? | – 瓦尔,我昨晚打给你 – 然后呢? |
[16:12] | – There was no answer, – I guess I stepped out, | – 没有人接 – 我可能出门了 |
[16:15] | – I called you four times, – I guess I was out somewhere, | – 我打给你四次 – 我可能在外面吧 |
[16:18] | Oh? What’d you do? | 哦?你在做什么? |
[16:20] | l guess I was goofin’ off at a movie or somethin’, | 我可能去看电影或什么的吧 |
[16:24] | Why are you doing this to me? | 你爲什么这样对我? |
[16:26] | – I don’t know what you mean, – I think you do, | – 我不知道你在说什么 – 我想你知道 |
[16:29] | Oh, look, Mrs, Peatty, what I do is my own business, | 听着,彼提太太 我做什么是我的事 |
[16:34] | l never tried to pin you down, | 我从来都没有约束你 |
[16:36] | l never asked you how you got your kicks before you met me, | 我没问过你 在遇到我之前都玩些什么 |
[16:39] | That hurt, You didn’t used to talk to me like that, | 真伤人,你以前不会 这样对我说话的 |
[16:41] | I’m sorry, baby, But don’t bug me, I gotta live my life a certain way, | 对不起,宝贝,但不要管我 我得过我想过的生活 |
[16:45] | l can’t stand it when the walls start closin’ in, | 我受不了有人开始约束我 |
[16:48] | – But you know how crazy I am about you , – And I’m crazy about you , too, | – 你知道我有多爱你 – 我也很爱你 |
[16:52] | I’ve given you sufficient proof of that, | 我已经给你足够的证明了 |
[16:55] | lt’s just that lately every time I call– | 我只是最近每次打电话… |
[16:58] | So I step out once in a while, You got yourself a husband, | 就算我偶尔出去玩 你是有老公的人 |
[17:01] | The guy’ll spend every last nickel on you , | 那家伙把所有的钱都花在你身上 |
[17:03] | He won’t ask you any questions when you come home from an afternoon movie | 你下午去看电影 晚上九点回家的时候 |
[17:06] | at 9:00 at night, | 他问都没问 |
[17:07] | – Don’t be greedy, – I’m not greedy, I’m in love with you , | – 别太贪心 – 我不是贪心,我爱上你了 |
[17:10] | lf that’s being greedy, then I’m the biggest glutton on Earth, | 如果那是贪心 我就是世上最贪得无厌的人 |
[17:14] | Don’t make it sound so ominous, You sound like you ‘re gonna eat me alive, | 别说得这么可怕 好像要把我生吞活剥似的 |
[17:17] | l might just do that, | 我可能会这么做 |
[17:22] | Darling, what are the two things in life you ‘re most interested in? | 亲爱的,你这辈子 最感兴趣的是哪两件事? |
[17:26] | – What? – Money and women? | – 什么? – 钱和女人吧? |
[17:28] | That’s a nice way to put me down, | 你还真会损人 |
[17:30] | – That about sums it up, doesn’t it? – We’ll let it stand, | – 我猜得差不多吧? – 勉强接受 |
[17:33] | But I imagine what you really meant to say was ”money and woman,” | 不过你真正的意思是 “钱和一个女人”吧 |
[17:37] | We’re gonna have money, more money than you ‘ve dreamed of–maybe even millions, | 我们就快有钱了 大把的钞票,也许好几百万 |
[17:41] | – Yeah? How? – George, that’s how, | – 是吗?怎么说? – 靠乔治啊 |
[17:43] | He’s stumbled onto somethin’ big, | 给他踢到金矿了 |
[17:46] | – That meatball? – Meatball with gravy, Val, | – 那个笨蛋? – 有钱的笨蛋啊,瓦尔 |
[17:48] | You know he works at the track, | 你知道他在赛马场工作 |
[17:50] | Somehow–and don’t ask me how– he’s got connected with the mob, | 别问我怎么搞的 反正他和黑帮挂上钩 |
[17:54] | They’re gonna rob the track offices for the day’s receipts, | 他们准备抢劫 赛马场当天的赌金 |
[17:57] | He seriously told you he and some mob are gonna knock over the racetrack? | 他真的跟你说 他和黑帮准备抢赛马场? |
[18:01] | You can believe him, ’cause George may be a fool, but he’s not a liar, | 他的话可以信 乔治也许笨,但他不说谎的 |
[18:04] | The guy’s crazy, That’s never been done before, | 这家伙疯了 从来没有人这么做过 |
[18:07] | l told him that, but he says the job’s all set up and it’s gonna be done, | 我也这么告诉他 但他说都安排好了,会成功的 |
[18:11] | And if I just sit tight, I’d be up to my curls in cash just like that, | 只要我耐心等候 我就会有用不完的钱 |
[18:16] | Let’s suppose this is all true, How do I fit in? | 假设这都是真的 这和我有什么关系? |
[18:21] | Well, you know I’m gonna leave George, I guess you know why, too, | 你知道我要离开乔治 你也知道爲什么 |
[18:25] | You ‘ve been sayin’ that for a long, long time, Sherry, | 你这么说已经很久了 |
[18:29] | Everything’s changed now, I was gonna tell him tonight, | 现在不一样了 我本来要今晚告诉他的 |
[18:32] | George may be very rich very soon, | 乔治可能就快发财了 |
[18:34] | That’s all he needs, isn’t it? | 他只要有钱就好,对不对? |
[18:36] | He’d still be George, | 他还是乔治啊 |
[18:38] | So you think– let’s say George and his boys | 你是想…假设乔治他们成功 |
[18:41] | pull this job and George gets his cut– | 乔治拿到他那一份 |
[18:44] | maybe I could take it away from him, huh? | 也许我可以把他的钱拿过来? |
[18:47] | l think you could, | 我想你行的 |
[18:51] | What about the others? Any idea who they are? | 那其他人呢? 你知道他们是谁吗? |
[18:53] | Only this, I went through his clothes while he was showering, | 我只有这个 我趁他洗澡时翻他的衣服 |
[18:56] | I’m quite sure George went there tonight, | 我确定乔治今晚就是去这儿 |
[19:01] | Kiddo, I think we got somethin’ here, | 宝贝,我们挖到宝了 |
[19:04] | lf this is true, this is a lot bigger than you think, | 如果这是真的 这笔钱可比你想像的还多 |
[19:08] | You ‘re interested in takin’ Georgie’s cut? I got news for you , | 你想要我拿乔治那一份? 我告诉你吧 |
[19:10] | Georgie’s cut’s gonna be peanuts compared to this whole thing, | 和全部的钱比起来 乔治那一份根本不算什么 |
[19:13] | We gotta find out more about the overall plan, | 我们得更了解整个计划 |
[19:16] | – You think he’ll tell you any more? – Not a chance, | – 你想他会告诉你更多吗? – 不可能 |
[19:18] | l could see he was scared stiff ’cause he talked as much as he did, | 我看得出来他很害怕 因爲他已经讲太多了 |
[19:22] | l don’t get it, Johnny, about these two other guys, | 强尼,我不明白 这两个人怎么回事 |
[19:27] | There’s gonna be two other guys, and we ain’t gonna know who they are? | 还会有两个人加入 但我们不知道他们是谁? |
[19:32] | That’s right, You don’t know who they are, and they don’t know who you are, | 没错,你们不知道他们是谁 他们也不知道你们是谁 |
[19:35] | – That makes sense, doesn’t it? – I guess so, but– | – 有道理吧? – 我想是吧,可是… |
[19:38] | Makes sense to me, all right, | 我觉得有道理 |
[19:40] | How come we need them? What are they gonna do? | 他们要做什么? |
[19:42] | One of them’s for the job with the rifle, | 其中一个是拿来福枪的 |
[19:44] | None of you boys can handle that, even if you were willing to, | 这方面就算你们愿意也做不来的 |
[19:47] | The other one starts the fight in the bar, | 另外一个在酒吧找人打架 |
[19:49] | These other fellows, how much they cuttin’ in for, Not that I mind, | 这两个人可以分到多少? 我是不介意啦 |
[19:52] | These men are not gonna be in on the basic scheme, | 他们不会参与这个计划的 |
[19:55] | They’re getting paid to perform certain definite duties | 他们只是拿钱做该做的事 |
[19:57] | at a certain definite time, and they’re not cutting in on the take, | 抢来的钱不必分给他们 |
[20:00] | They’ll be paid a flat price to do a straight job, | 他们拿一次钱,做一件事 |
[20:03] | lf they don’t know anything about the basic plan, why are they doin’ it? | 如果他们不知道这个计划 他们为什么要这么做 |
[20:06] | Simple, These boys are straight hoods, They get paid in advance– | 拿枪的那个拿五千块 |
[20:09] | five grand for the one with the rifle, 2,500 for the other, | 另一个拿两千五 |
[20:11] | – Where’s this money comin’ from? – That’s where Marvin comes in, | – 钱是从哪来的? – 这就是需要马文的地方 |
[20:15] | He’s getting the 7,500 for us, and he gets it back off the top, | 他替我们筹这七千五 事成后就连本带利还他 |
[20:18] | l wish I could do more, | 但愿我能帮更多忙 |
[20:20] | lt’s almost not right for me to get as much as everybody else, | 我和大家平分好像说不过去 |
[20:23] | – After all, all I do is– – Your money counts for plenty, | – 毕竟我做的只是… – 你的钱帮了我们大忙 |
[20:26] | – You don’t hear any of them complaining, – You ‘re okay in our book, Marv, | – 你没听到有人抱怨啊 – 没问题的,马文 |
[20:31] | But if these two hoods get paid in advance, | 如果这两个流氓先拿到钱 |
[20:33] | how do you know they’re gonna do their jobs? | 你怎么知道他们会不会做事? |
[20:35] | I’ll vouch for ’em, These guys are pros, | 我可以担保,他们是职业的 |
[20:38] | They can’t afford to weasel out on a deal, lf they did, they’d be washed up, Okay? | 他们不敢落跑 如果跑了,他们就完了 |
[20:42] | Any other questions? | 还有问题吗? |
[20:45] | Let’s take a look at this, then, | 那我们来看看这个吧 |
[20:48] | This is a rough drawing of the track as I remember it, | 这是我凭印象 划出来的赛马场草图 |
[20:52] | Randy, you ‘ll have to get me an A-1 street map of the whole district, | 伦迪,你得替我找来 这整区的街道地图 |
[20:56] | George, Mike, I want you to go over this thing with me inch by inch, | 乔治,麦可 你们和我仔细检查这张图 |
[21:00] | Bring it completely up to date, Add or subtract the slightest change, | 要把它完全更新 任何改变都要标出来 |
[21:03] | even if it’s somethin’ as small as the placing of a hot dog stand, | 就连多了一个热狗摊 也要把它标出来 |
[21:07] | Now, give or take a few thousand, | 加减个一,两千块 |
[21:10] | l figure the loot on this deal at two million, | 我看这一票可以抢到两百万 |
[21:14] | There should be that much in the track offices, | 赛马场办公室应该有这么多钱 |
[21:17] | That includes profits on the pari-mutuel betting, | 包括了按注分彩的赌金 |
[21:19] | the breakage money, taxes from the mutuel machines, | 破坏赔偿金,分彩机的税金 |
[21:22] | receipts from the concessions, and the money from ticket sales, | 各销售点的收入 还有彩票的收入 |
[21:26] | None of this money is allowed to accumulate | 这些钱都不准停留在 |
[21:28] | at any one point around the track, | 赛马场的任何定点 |
[21:30] | Except for money to make change with and the mutuel clerks’ payoff money, | 除了用来找零钱 和分彩员付给赢家的钱之外 |
[21:33] | it all goes into the office, | 所有的钱都送进办公室 |
[21:35] | Out of the entire take, only a few thousand dollars | 这批钱又只有几千块钱 |
[21:37] | is put in the office safe to cover emergencies, | 会放进办公室保险箱做紧急用途 |
[21:40] | The rest is out in the open, held for pickup by armored car, | 其余的都放在外面 等装甲车来运送 |
[21:43] | That car arrives about 5:00 | 车子在五点左右抵达 |
[21:45] | and parks directly in front of the main entrance to the clubhouse, | 就停在俱乐部入口的前面 |
[21:49] | Two men stay in it–one at the wheel, the other at a machine gun in the turret, | 车上有两个人 一个驾驶,一个拿机关枪 |
[21:52] | Two others enter the office to collect the dough, | 另外两个人进入办公室收钱 |
[21:54] | They’re armed, and so are the track detectives who cover them | 他们都有枪 赛马场探员也会拿枪掩护他们 |
[21:57] | from the car to the office and back, | 从车子走到办公室,再走出后门 |
[21:59] | Once the armored car arrives, a stickup is– | 一旦装甲车抵达… |
[22:03] | is out of the question, | 就抢不成了 |
[22:30] | What in the name of Pete would a babe be doin’ outside the door? | 怎么会有个美女站在门外? |
[22:34] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢? |
[22:37] | You guys, any of you ever see this woman before? | 你们有人见过这个女人吗? |
[22:40] | lt’s Sherry, my wife, | 这是我老婆雪莉 |
[22:41] | Why, you , you been talkin’, You spilled to her, | 大嘴巴,你泄露消息给她 |
[22:44] | l did not, What, do you think I’m crazy? | 我没有,你以爲我疯了吗? |
[22:47] | You jerk, You clown! | 你这个傻瓜,笨蛋了 |
[22:48] | Come on, clown, Sing us a chorus from ”Pagliacci,” | 笨蛋,你准备老实招来吧 |
[22:51] | You better talk, Come clean, Talk, or we’ll get it out of her, | 你最好快说,招认吧 不说我们就逼她说 |
[22:54] | You wouldn’t do anything to hurt her, Johnny, please, | 别伤害她,强尼,求求你 |
[22:56] | l don’t want to, but if you won’t tell us what you told her– | 我并不想 但如果你不说你告诉她什么… |
[22:59] | l didn’t tell her nothin’, honest I didn’t, Why would I do a thing like that? | 我什么也没告诉她 我爲什么会做那种事? |
[23:02] | Sure, she wouldn’t, | 是啊,她不知道 |
[23:04] | She’s just the building inspector, | 她只是大楼的视察员 |
[23:06] | She just stopped outside that door to measure the keyhole, | 刚好站在门外量钥匙孔 |
[23:09] | Let’s have it, George, We’re gonna get it outta one of you , | 招吧,乔治 我们会让你们其中一人说的 |
[23:11] | lf you didn’t tell her, then why was she around here snoopin’? | 如果你没告诉她 她爲何在这里鬼鬼祟祟的? |
[23:15] | She must’ve found the address in my pocket, That’s what it was, | 她一定是在我的口袋里 发现地址的,一定是那样 |
[23:19] | Thought I was two-timin’ her, runnin’ around with another– | 以爲我欺骗她,偷人了… |
[23:23] | Of course, She’s just checkin’ up on me, | 她当然只是来查我 |
[23:30] | l didn’t tell her nothin’, honest, | 我没跟她说,真的 |
[23:33] | You ‘ll let her go, won’t you ? | 你会放她走,对不对? |
[23:35] | – You won’t hurt her? – Randy, Mike, | – 你不会伤害她吧? – 伦迪,麦可 |
[23:38] | Take him to his apartment, Stick with him until I phone you , | 把他送回家,盯好他 等我打电话给你们 |
[23:41] | – I’m not leavin’ Sherry here, – You ‘re leavin’, all right, | – 我不会把雪莉留在这里的 – 你非离开不可 |
[23:44] | – How are you goin’? Slidin’ or walkin’? – Come on, Let’s go, | – 你想要用滚的还是用走的? – 来吧,咱们走 |
[23:51] | What are you gonna do now? | 你要怎么做? |
[23:56] | l don’t think I’ll have to kill her, | 我应该不用把她杀掉 |
[23:58] | just slap that pretty face into hamburger meat, that’s all, | 只是把那张脸打成肉包子吧 |
[24:02] | Why don’t you take a walk for an hour or so, | 你去外头晃一个小时吧 |
[24:04] | Yeah, | 好,好,好 |
[24:05] | I’ll be back in a couple of hours, | 我过几个小时回来 |
[24:50] | All right, sister, That’s a mighty pretty head you got on your shoulders, | 好了,小姐 你那颗头还挺美的 |
[24:53] | You want to keep it there, or do you want to carry it around in your hands? | 问题是你想不想保住它呢? |
[24:56] | Maybe we could compromise and put it on your shoulder, | 也许我们妥协一下,保住它好了 |
[24:59] | l think that’d be nice, | 那就太好了 |
[25:00] | – What were you doing outside that door? – Doing? I was listening, naturally, | – 你在门外做什么? – 做什么?当然是在偷听了 |
[25:04] | Trying to, I should say, | 听不太清楚就是了 |
[25:06] | You admit you were out there snooping? | 你承认你在外面偷窥? |
[25:08] | Wasn’t that naughty of me? But I’m afraid I was, | 我很不乖吧? 我真的是在偷窥 |
[25:12] | l found an address in George’s pocket, | 我在乔治的口袋里找到一个地址 |
[25:14] | l thought he might be playin’ around with another woman, so I came over– | 我以爲他和别的女人厮混 所以我跑来这里 |
[25:17] | You ‘d care if he was playin’ another dame? That would bother you ? | 你会在乎他 和别的女人在一起吗?你会难过? |
[25:22] | You don’t understand me, Johnny, You don’t know me very well, | 你不了解我,强尼 你太不了解我了 |
[25:26] | l know you like a book, You ‘re a no-good, nosy little tramp, | 我看透你了 你是个坏心眼的小荡妇 |
[25:30] | You ‘d sell out your own mother for a piece of fudge, but you ‘re smart– | 你会爲了一块蛋糕 出卖你的老母,不过你很总明 |
[25:33] | smart enough to know when to sell and when to sit tight, | 知道何时该说大话 何时静观其变 |
[25:35] | – You know you better sit tight in this case, – I do, | – 你知道现在该静观其变 – 没错 |
[25:37] | You heard me, You like money, | 我没说错,你喜欢钱 |
[25:39] | You got a great big dollar sign there where most women have a heart, | 你不像多数女人有颗心 你只要钱 |
[25:43] | So play it smart–stay in character, and you ‘ll have plenty of money, | 那就精明点,安份点 你就会有一大笔钱 |
[25:46] | George’ll have it, and he’ll blow it all on you , | 乔治会有钱 他会全花在你身上的 |
[25:48] | Probably buy himself a five-cent cigar, | 可能只给自己买根五毛的雪茄 |
[25:50] | You don’t know me very well, Johnny, | 你太不了解我了,强尼 |
[25:52] | l wouldn’t think of letting George throw his money away on cigars, | 我才不会让乔治 把钱浪费在雪茄上呢 |
[25:56] | lsn’t there a big ”if” in there somewhere? | 不是应该有个条件吗? |
[25:59] | There’s a couple of them, | 有两个条件 |
[26:01] | lf you ‘re smart, if you keep your trap shut and don’t nose around anymore, | 如果你总明,不乱说话 不再探头探脑的 |
[26:04] | you ‘ll have money, you ‘ll be loaded with a capital ”L,” | 你会有钱的,一大笔钱 |
[26:06] | But if you don’t, we’ll forget the whole thing, You won’t have a penny, | 可是如果你不从 我们就放弃计划,你一毛钱也没有 |
[26:10] | l wouldn’t like that, | 我可不想那样 |
[26:12] | Frail as I am, I’d much prefer to be loaded, | 我这么容易被打动 我宁愿要有一大笔钱 |
[26:15] | l think we understand each other, Now, beat it, | 那我们应该都讲明白了 你滚吧 |
[26:19] | Those guys–fine friends they turned out to be, | 那些家伙是什么好朋友嘛 |
[26:22] | slappin’ me around, callin’ me dirty names, | 对我动手动脚,还用粗话骂我 |
[26:25] | l thought Randy would cave the side of my head in, | 伦迪差点把我的头打穿一个洞 |
[26:28] | Poor George, You ‘re all right now, aren’t you ? | 可怜的乔治 你现在不是没事了吗? |
[26:31] | You shouldn’t have come over there tonight, | 你今晚不该跑去那儿的 |
[26:33] | lt’s a wonder we both didn’t get killed, | 我们没被杀掉真是奇迹 |
[26:35] | l don’t think there was much danger of that, | 我不觉得有这么危险 |
[26:38] | lf they’d killed you , there couldn’t be a robbery, | 如果杀了你 他们就没办法抢劫了 |
[26:40] | lf they’d done anything to harm me or offend you — | 如果他们伤害我或是冒犯你… |
[26:43] | They have offended me, They’ve offended me plenty, | 他们是冒犯我了 冒犯得可多了 |
[26:45] | Oh, don’t be such an old bear, | 哦,别这么想不开 |
[26:48] | They have, and I’m not gonna forget it, | 他们有,我不会忘记的 |
[26:50] | What else could they have done? I thought they acted quite reasonably, | 他们又能怎么办? 我觉得他们已经很明理了 |
[26:55] | Well, anyway– | 反正就是这样 |
[26:57] | What–What did Johnny do to you ? | 强尼对你做了什么? |
[27:00] | Do? I already told you , | 做什么?我已经跟你说了 |
[27:02] | Just asked me some questions and made sure it was all right for me to leave, | 只是问我一些问题 确定放我走没关系 |
[27:06] | Sherry, did Johnny try anything– | 雪莉,强尼有对你… |
[27:09] | What a terrible thing for you to ask, | 这种事你怎么问得出口? |
[27:12] | l don’t think you ‘d better say any more, | 你最好不要再说了 |
[27:15] | Why did you come over there tonight? lt wasn’t for the reason you said, | 你今晚爲何跑去? 你不是爲了你说的那个原因 |
[27:18] | lt was for the reason you said, You said it yourself, | 就是爲了你说的原因 你自己都说了 |
[27:21] | l was tryin’ to make an alibi for you , I was afraid those guys would kill you , | 我是想帮你找藉口 我怕那些家伙会杀了你 |
[27:25] | You know I wouldn’t look at another woman, | 你知道我对别的女人没兴趣 |
[27:27] | There wouldn’t be any women chasin’ after a guy like me, | 我这种男人不会有女人追的 |
[27:29] | Let’s drop it, George, | 别再说了,乔治 |
[27:31] | You put words in my mouth, and then you say they’re not true, | 你先把话栽在我身上 然后又说不是实话 |
[27:34] | l told you exactly what happened, | 我全都告诉你了 |
[27:37] | Oh, dear, | 真是的 |
[27:39] | Everything’s all right with you and your pals now, | 现在你和你的朋友都没事了 |
[27:42] | You ‘re going to have lots of money– | 你就要有一大笔钱了 |
[27:44] | – I’ve been thinkin’ it over, – I can hardly wait, | – 我一直在考虑,雪莉 – 我等不及了 |
[27:47] | How soon will it be? What day? | 多快会拿到?哪一天? |
[27:49] | lt ain’t going to be, I’m droppin’ out, | 不会有钱了,我要退出 |
[27:52] | You ‘re dropping– You don’t mean it, You can’t mean it, | 你要退… 你不是说真的,不可能 |
[27:55] | I’m afraid, Sherry, | 恐怕是的,雪莉 |
[27:57] | This business tonight kind of opened my eyes, | 今晚这件事让我看清楚了 |
[28:00] | lt made me realize the kind of guys I was gettin’ mixed up with, | 让我明白我扯上了什么样的人 |
[28:04] | – Before, all I thought of was the money, – Just keep on thinking about that, | – 之前我只想到钱 – 那就再想下去就好了 |
[28:08] | Think how disappointed I’d be if you didn’t get that money, | 如果你没拿到钱,我会很失望 |
[28:12] | I’m afraid I’d feel like you didn’t really love me, | 我会觉得你不是真的爱我 |
[28:15] | l don’t see how I could feel any other way, | 我不可能摆脱这种感觉的 |
[28:17] | Why should I have to do a thing like that to prove that I love you ? | 我爲什么得做这种事 才能证明我爱你呢? |
[28:22] | What are you going to do? I want to know right now, | 你打算怎么做? 我现在就要知道 |
[28:25] | All you ‘ve ever done is talk about loving me, | 你从头到尾只会说你爱我 |
[28:27] | That’s all I’ve had for the last five years, is talk, | 这五年来,我有的只是你的话 |
[28:30] | Now that you have a chance to do something– | 现在你有机会做点什么了 |
[28:34] | All those things you promised– Buy me things– | 你的那些承诺…买东西给我… |
[28:37] | What are you gonna do? | 你打算怎么做? |
[28:39] | There ain’t a thing in the world I wouldn’t do for you , | 我愿意爲了你做任何事 |
[28:42] | Then you ‘ll do this for me, won’t you ? | 那你会爲我做这件事啰? |
[28:49] | – I guess so, – lt’d be perfect, | – 我想是吧 – 事情会很圆满的 |
[28:51] | You have no idea how perfect, I won’t have long to wait, will l? | 你不知道有多圆满 我不用等太久吧? |
[28:55] | lt will be within the next few days, won’t it? | 就是这几天了吧,对不对? |
[28:58] | – When will it be? – You got your own way, | – 会在什么时候? – 你已经得逞了 |
[29:02] | You wanted me to go ahead with the deal, so I’m going, | 你要我完成计划,我也要去了 |
[29:04] | Now, leave me alone, will you ? | 就别再烦我了,好吗? |
[29:06] | I’m sorry, We won’t even talk about it, if you don’t want to, | 对不起 如果你不想谈,我们就不谈 |
[29:11] | You really love me, Sherry? | 你真的爱我吗,雪莉? |
[29:13] | Of course, | 当然了 |
[29:15] | You ‘ll always love me? | 你会永远爱我? |
[29:17] | Always and always, | 永永远远 |
[29:27] | Three days later, at 10:15 on a Tuesday morning, | 三天后 星期二早上10:15 |
[29:30] | Johnny Clay began the final preparations. | 强尼克雷开始做最后准备 |
[29:36] | You want somebody to play with? | 你想找人下棋吗? |
[29:38] | No, thanks, I’m just looking for a friend, | 不用,谢谢 我只是来找朋友 |
[29:42] | You patzer, You missed the move, | 你这个笨蛋,你走错棋了 |
[29:44] | Knight to Knight-5, | 马跑到这里 |
[29:46] | Pawn takes knight, rook takes rook, queen to rook for check, | 卒吃马,车吃车 王后吃车之后将军 |
[29:49] | Bother someone else, You don’t know what you ‘re talkin’, | 你去烦别人吧 你不知道你在说什么 |
[29:52] | He couldn’t do that, You don’t know what you ‘re talkin’, | 他不能那样走 你不知道你在说什么 |
[29:54] | Shut up! Make a move, | 闭嘴了 下你的棋 |
[29:56] | He’s right, I could’ve won your rook, | 他说的对 我是可以吃你的车 |
[29:58] | – Move, patzer! – Stop talkin’, or I’ll call Fisher, | – 快下,笨蛋了 – 再不闭嘴,我就找费雪来 |
[30:01] | l can’t think with all this noise! | 这么吵我没办法思考了 |
[30:04] | Good game, Maurice? | 好玩吗,莫里斯? |
[30:06] | Johnny! My old friend, How are you ? | 强尼了 我的老友,你好吗? |
[30:08] | Good to see you , Been a long time, | 好高兴看到你 好久不见了 |
[30:10] | – How long have you been out? – Not very long, | – 你出来多久了? – 不是很久 |
[30:13] | lt was very difficult, no? | 在里面很辛苦吧? |
[30:15] | Yeah, | 是的 |
[30:17] | Very difficult, | 很辛苦 |
[30:19] | You have my sympathy, | 我同情你 |
[30:21] | You have not yet learned that in this life, you have to be like everyone else, | 你还是没学到 人生在世就是不要太突出 |
[30:24] | The perfect mediocrity, No better, no worse, | 中庸之道 不要太好,也不要太差 |
[30:28] | Individuality is a monster | 个性是很可怕的东西 |
[30:30] | and it must be strangled in its cradle | 要在刚成形之前就把它扼杀 |
[30:32] | to make our friends feel comfortable, | 其他人才会觉得自在 |
[30:35] | You know, I often thought that the gangster and the artist | 我常常觉得黑道和艺术家 |
[30:38] | are the same in the eyes of the masses, | 在一般人的眼中是一样的 |
[30:41] | They are admired and hero-worshiped, | 他们受人敬重与崇拜 |
[30:43] | but there is always present the underlying wish | 但人们总是暗中希望 |
[30:46] | to see them destroyed at the peak of their growth, | 能看到他们从高处摔下来 |
[30:49] | Yeah, like the man said, | 对,就像那句名言 |
[30:53] | life is like a glass of tea, huh? | 人生就像一杯茶,是吧? |
[30:56] | Oh, Johnny, my friend, | 哦,强尼老友 |
[30:58] | You never were very bright, but I love you anyway, | 你向来不是很总明 但是我还是很欣赏你 |
[31:02] | How’s life been treating you , Maurice? | 日子过得如何,莫里斯? |
[31:05] | About the same as always, | 一直是老样子 |
[31:08] | When I need some money, I go out and wrestle, | 我需要钱的时候就去玩摔角 |
[31:10] | But mostly I’m up here wasting my time playing chess, | 但大半时候 我在这儿下棋消磨时间 |
[31:14] | But, you know, | 可是你知道吗? |
[31:15] | l wouldn’t know what to do with myself if I didn’t have this place to come to, | 如果没有这个地方 我真不知道要做些什么 |
[31:20] | Maurice, could you use $2,500? | 莫里斯,你想赚两千五块吗? |
[31:22] | lt has a pleasant ring to the ear, quite musical, | 听起来不错,真不错 |
[31:26] | What is it for? | 要我做什么? |
[31:28] | For takin’ care of a half a dozen private dicks, racetrack cops, | 帮我挡几个私家侦探 和赛马场的条子 |
[31:32] | l want you to start a fight with the bartender at the track, | 我要你在赛马场找酒保打架 |
[31:34] | The cops’ll try to break it up, You ‘ll keep ’em busy as long as you can, | 条子会来劝架 你尽可能拖住他们 |
[31:37] | Make ’em drag you outta the place, No gunplay, strictly a muscle job, | 让他们把你拖走 不用枪,纯粹打手的工作 |
[31:40] | Would it be out of order for me to ask for what it is | 我想冒昧地请教一下 |
[31:43] | that you are willing to pay such a price to see me demonstrate my talents? | 你爲什么愿意 付这么高的价码找我做事? |
[31:46] | l would imagine it is for more than just your own personal entertainment, | 我想应该不只是爲了好玩吧 |
[31:51] | $2,500 is a lot of dough, Part of it’s for not askin’ questions, | 两千五块数目不小 目的是希望你不问问题 |
[31:55] | That sounds not unreasonable, | 听起来很合理 |
[31:57] | Still, I will probably go to jail, and jails I’ve found unpleasant, | 但我还是有可能坐牢 我不喜欢坐牢 |
[32:02] | The food is very bad, company’s poor, | 食物很难吃,牢友差劲 |
[32:05] | beds are too small– | 床太小了 |
[32:06] | lt’ll only be a disorderly conduct charge, Maybe 60 days, nothing worse, | 罪名顶多是妨害治安 也许关六十天,就此而已 |
[32:10] | lf a man has money to spread around in the right places, he can be comfortable, | 如果有钱买好东西 生活可以很舒适的 |
[32:14] | l do not quite understand, | 我不太明白 |
[32:16] | For what you want me to do, you could get any hoodlum for $100, | 你可以花一百块 找个小混混来做这件差事 |
[32:20] | l don’t want any hoodlum, I want a guy like you — | 我不要小混混 我要像你这样的人 |
[32:23] | someone who’s absolutely dependable, | 一个可以完全信赖的人 |
[32:24] | who knows he’s bein’ well-paid to take a risk and won’t squawk, | 清楚自己是 拿钱做事,不会告密 |
[32:28] | l was thinking if perhaps you cannot work out some other arrangement, | 我以爲你是找不到别人 |
[32:32] | 2,500 I like very much, | 两千五,我很满意 |
[32:35] | But suppose I were willing to forego part of it | 但假设我愿意放弃这笔钱 |
[32:37] | and take a share in your enterprise instead, | 和你平分最后的金额 |
[32:41] | – No? – No, | – 不行吗? – 不行 |
[32:43] | – lt’s not mine to share up, – Very well, | – 那笔钱不只是我的 – 好吧 |
[32:45] | Since there will be details to work out– | 我们还有细节要讨论吧 |
[32:48] | Yeah, I’ll buy you a cup of coffee, | 对,我请你喝杯咖啡 |
[32:57] | – lt’s beautiful, isn’t it? – lt’s exactly what I wanted, | – 很棒吧? – 完全符合我的需求 |
[33:01] | You could take care of a whole roomful of people with that gun, | 你可以用那把枪 解决一整间屋子的人 |
[33:04] | Maybe not kill ’em all, but they wouldn’t be good for anything afterwards, | 也许杀不死他们 但他们也跟废人没两样了 |
[33:07] | l knew you ‘d take care of it, Nikki, How long have you had this place? | 我就知道你行,尼基 你这里开多久了? |
[33:11] | Almost a year, | 快一年了 |
[33:13] | lt’s picturesque enough, but there can’t be much profit in it, | 环境是蛮优美的 但赚不了多少钱吧 |
[33:16] | There isn’t, but then there isn’t much trouble neither, | 没错,不过也不会惹麻烦 |
[33:19] | What are you thinking about? | 你在打什么主意? |
[33:21] | A job, your kind of a job– a job with a rifle, | 一份适合你的差事,要用到枪 |
[33:24] | – What kind of money, pops? – Five thousand, | – 能拿多少钱? – 五千块 |
[33:27] | – Who do I have to kill? – A horse, | – 我得杀谁啊? – 一匹马 |
[33:30] | – A horse? – A four-legged horse, | – 一匹马? – 一匹四条腿的马 |
[33:32] | – For that I get 5,000? – For that and– | – 这样就赚五千? – 再加上… |
[33:35] | l figured there’d be a gimmick, | 我就知道没那么简单 |
[33:37] | The gimmick isn’t as tough as you may think, | 也没有你想的那么辛苦 |
[33:40] | You shoot the horse, and if anything goes wrong, you don’t squawk, | 你开枪打马 如果出事,你不能招供 |
[33:43] | – All I got to do is bump off a horse? – lt’s a special kind of a horse, | – 我只需要解决一匹马? – 那是一匹特别的马 |
[33:48] | For certain reasons, including your own protection in case anything happens, | 以防万一出事 我们需要你的所有东西 |
[33:50] | I’m not gonna give you the whole story, just your part of it, | 我不会告诉你全盘计划 只说你要做的部份 |
[33:53] | Next Saturday, the $100,000 handicap is bein’ run, | 下星期六会举行 十万块赌金的障碍赛 |
[33:56] | In the seventh race, the big race of the season, a certain horse is runnin’, | 第七局是当季的大赛 有一匹马会出赛 |
[33:59] | He’s one of the best three-year-olds to come along in the last ten years, | 它是这十年来 最优秀的三岁马匹之一 |
[34:02] | He’s a big money winner, and he won’t pay even money | 它会赢不少钱 但它不会是一赔一 |
[34:04] | because half the people there are going to be down on him, | 因爲有一半的人都会押它 |
[34:06] | There’s a parking lot less than 300 feet from the northwest corner of the track, | 在赛马场西北方 不到三百尺处有一个停车场 |
[34:10] | From a car parked in the southeast corner of that lot | 坐在停车场东南方的车子里 |
[34:12] | you get a perfect view of the horses as they start into the stretch, | 你可以清楚看到 那些马转进直线跑道来 |
[34:17] | A man in a car parked in that spot using a rifle with a telescopic sight | 坐在那个位置的车里 用一把有瞄准器的来福枪 |
[34:21] | should be able to bring down any horse with a single shot, | 应该能够一枪打倒任何一匹马 |
[34:23] | A man with your eye would hardly need a telescopic sight, | 你这种眼力的人 应该不需要瞄准器 |
[34:26] | That horse is worth a quarter million bucks, | 那匹马价值二十五万元 |
[34:28] | – The crowd would go nuts, – Let ’em go nuts, | – 观众会抓狂的 – 让他们抓狂 |
[34:31] | You can do it easy, and you shouldn’t have too much trouble getting away, | 这对你而言很容易 要离开现场应该也没问题 |
[34:35] | Red Lightning will undoubtedly be leadin’ in the stretch, | “红色闪电” 肯定会在那段跑道领先 |
[34:38] | He goes down, a couple of other horses pile up on top of him, | 它摔倒之后 也会有几匹马接连摔倒 |
[34:41] | There’ll be plenty of confusion, I’ll guarantee that, | 场面会很混乱的,我保证 |
[34:44] | There’s one more thing, Suppose you do get picked up, | 还有一点,就算你被抓了 |
[34:47] | What’ve you done? You shot a horse, lt isn’t first-degree murder, | 你不过是射杀了一匹马 又不是一级谋杀罪 |
[34:49] | lt isn’t even murder, The best they could get you on would be | 甚至不算谋杀 他们能判你的罪顶多是 |
[34:54] | inciting a riot or shooting horses out of season, | 引起暴动或射杀当季马匹吧 |
[34:57] | The way you put it, you make it sound real simple, | 你说起来好像很简单似的 |
[35:00] | Five thousand bucks for rubbin’ out a horse, | 五千块解决一匹马 |
[35:04] | – Okay, How do I get it? – 2,500 today, 2,500 after the race, | – 好,我怎么拿钱? – 今天两千五,赛后再拿两千五 |
[35:07] | Okay, Crazy, Now tell me something, What’s your angle, John? | 真疯狂,告诉我 你有什么目的,强尼? |
[35:11] | They’ll probably call the race off, and they won’t pay off any of the bets, | 他们可能会取消比赛 到时也不会付任何赌金了 |
[35:15] | Maybe, but what my angle is is my business, | 也许吧 但我有什么目的是我的事 |
[35:18] | Five thousand bucks is a lot, and that’s what I’m payin’ it for– | 五千块数目不小 我付这么多钱的目的 |
[35:21] | so nobody has to know my business, | 就是不要别人来管我间事 |
[35:23] | All right, You ‘ll have no trouble with me, I’m with you , | 好,我不会烦你的,我加入 |
[35:42] | – I’m lookin’ for Joe Piano, – Who’s lookin’ for Joe? | – 我要找乔皮安诺 – 谁要找乔? |
[35:44] | – Patsy sent me, – Patsy who? | – 派西介绍我来 – 哪个派西? |
[35:46] | – Patsy Gennelli, – Where did you see Patsy? | – 派西吉蓝尼 – 你在哪见到派西的? |
[35:48] | Alcatraz, We roomed together, My name– | 恶魔岛监狱 我们同牢房,我叫… |
[35:50] | Don’t tell me who you are, What can I do for you ? | 别告诉我你的名字 我能爲你做什么? |
[35:53] | l want a place to stay for about a week, | 我要一个房间,住一个礼拜 |
[35:55] | l don’t want it cleaned, and I don’t want anybody else in it except myself, | 不必来打扫 我也不要任何人进来 |
[35:58] | l think I can accommodate you , | 我想我有地方让你住 |
[36:00] | – So how’s the boy? – He’s fine, | – 那孩子还好吗? – 他很好 |
[36:03] | He’s doin’ it on his ear, He’s the best pitcher they got, | 他不是很开心 他是里头最棒的投手 |
[36:05] | He told me to tell you not to worry about him, | 他要我告诉你不要担心他 |
[36:07] | He’s doing the book, I worry plenty, | 他在服刑,我担心得很 |
[36:10] | – He’s tough, Maybe he’ll get a break, – I know, Let’s hope, | – 他很坚强,也许会早释 – 我知道,希望如此 |
[36:16] | Here you are, You don’t have to worry about leaving anything here, | 给你,你不必担心 把东西留在里面 |
[36:19] | lt’ll be safe, I’m always here, There’ll be no maid service, | 很安全,我都在 不会有人整理房间的 |
[36:22] | – Want to leave anything in there? – Just this, and another bag next week, | – 有东西要放在里面吗? – 只有这个,下礼拜还有一袋 |
[36:26] | Don’t worry, Nobody will disturb them, | 别担心,不会有人动它们的 |
[36:28] | – What’ll it be? – No charge, You said Patsy sent you , | – 多少钱? – 不用,你是派西介绍的 |
[36:31] | Sure, he sent me, He’s a friend, and I’d feel better if I paid, | 他介绍我,他也是朋友 我付钱会觉得好过点 |
[36:34] | lt’s a business arrangement, I can afford it, | 这是做生意,我付得起的 |
[36:37] | Then it’ll be ten dollars a week, | 那就一星期十块钱吧 |
[36:40] | I’ll send the money and the butts to the boy, | 我会把钱寄去给那孩子的 |
[36:42] | Thank you very much, Have a nice time, | 谢谢你,祝你愉快 |
[37:22] | Four days later at 7:30 a.m ., | 在四天后的早上7:30 |
[37:24] | Sherry Peatty was wide awake. | 雪莉彼提早就醒了 |
[37:39] | – Did I wake you up? I’m sorry, – lt’s all right, | – 我吵醒你了吗?对不起 – 没关系 |
[37:42] | l just couldn’t sleep somehow, | 我就是睡不着 |
[37:44] | Can I get you anything? Would you like more coffee? | 你要什么吗? 还要喝咖啡吗? |
[37:46] | No, I guess not, Nice of you to offer, though, | 不用了,谢谢你问我 |
[37:50] | I’m just nervous and restless, I’ll be all right, | 我只是觉得紧张不安 我不会有事的 |
[37:53] | – Go on back to bed, – No, I won’t, | – 回去睡吧 – 我不要 |
[37:56] | Even if I don’t get up to get my husband’s breakfast, | 就算我不起床帮丈夫做早餐 |
[37:58] | the least I can do is sit with him while he has his coffee, | 好歹也该陪他喝杯咖啡 |
[38:01] | Gosh, you sure you feel all right– | 老天,你确定你没事吗… |
[38:03] | I’m sorry, I didn’t mean that the way it sounded, | 对不起,我不是那个意思 |
[38:06] | l deserved it, | 是我活该 |
[38:09] | l know I’ve been irritable and moody and I haven’t acted like I should, | 我知道我最近很烦燥 不像老婆该有的样子 |
[38:13] | lt’s just, I can’t stand living like this– | 我只是受不了这种生活 |
[38:15] | a crummy apartment and a hamburger for dinner, | 住在破公寓,晚餐吃汉堡 |
[38:17] | – You haven’t been so bad, baby, – Yes, I have, | – 你没那么惨,宝贝 – 我有 |
[38:21] | But things are gonna be different, | 不过一切就要改观了 |
[38:23] | We’ll have so many nice things, I’ll stop thinking about myself so much, | 我们会买很多好东西 我也不会老是想到我自己了 |
[38:28] | Your problems will be my problems, | 你的问题就是我的问题 |
[38:31] | Whenever you ‘re worried about something, like now, for instance– | 每当你担心的时候 例如像现在这样… |
[38:33] | – ls it the robbery you ‘re worried about? – I guess it is a little, | – 你在担心劫钞的事吗? – 有一点吧 |
[38:37] | l have no reason to, I know it’s going to be all right, | 没理由这样 我知道不会有事的 |
[38:40] | Naturally you ‘d be a little upset at a time like this, | 你在这种时候自然会有点紧张 |
[38:44] | lt’s today, isn’t it? | 就是今天对不对? |
[38:47] | What makes you think that? Just because I couldn’t sleep, it doesn’t mean– | 你怎么会这么想? 我睡不着不代表… |
[38:51] | l know my Georgie, He can’t fool me, | 我了解我的乔治 他骗不了我的 |
[38:54] | I’m right, aren’t l? Today is the day we get that money, | 我说对了吧? 我们今天就会拿到钱了 |
[38:56] | No, you ain’t, lt isn’t today, | 才不对,不是今天 |
[38:58] | lf you don’t stop pestering me, | 你再不停止烦我 |
[39:01] | tryin’ to find out something, there ain’t gonna be no money, | 一直探口风 到时什么钱都没有 |
[39:04] | – How can you — – I mean it, I’m gettin’ fed up, | – 你怎能… – 我说真的,我受够了 |
[39:07] | You heard Johnny, Stop butting in, He’d call this whole thing off, | 你听到强尼的话了,别再插手 他会取消整个计划的 |
[39:12] | He told me something else, too, which I neglected to tell you — | 他还跟我讲别的话 只是我没告诉你 |
[39:15] | that if I did butt in, that he’d break my neck, | 他说如果我插手,他就杀了我 |
[39:19] | He wanted to make you understand that he means business, | 他要你明白他是认真的 |
[39:24] | All I’ve gotta say is you ‘ve certainly changed your tune | 我只想说 自从他们教训过你之后 |
[39:27] | since he and his friends slapped you around, | 你的口气真的变了不少 |
[39:30] | l was pretty sore about that, | 我是蛮气那件事的 |
[39:32] | What could they do? You said yourself they acted pretty reasonable, | 但他们能怎么办? 你自己都说他们蛮明理的 |
[39:35] | – We had no reason to hold a grudge, – I’m not gonna argue with you , | – 我们没理由怀恨在心 – 我不想和你争辩 |
[39:38] | lf you let people beat you up and then take their side against your own wife– | 你让人打你还听他们的 不站在你老婆这边 |
[39:41] | But you did, I wanted to quit, You wouldn’t let me, | 是你说的,我想退出 你不让我退出 |
[39:45] | You said I had no reason to, | 你说我没理由退出 |
[39:47] | Anyway, Johnny didn’t lay a hand on me, None of the guys did but Randy, | 反正打我的不是强尼 除了伦迪之外,没有人碰我 |
[39:51] | l was gonna tell you somethin’ about your friend Johnny, | 我本来要跟你讲一件强尼的事 |
[39:54] | but since you feel about him like you do– | 但既然你对他的感觉是这样… |
[39:56] | Take his word against mine, | 还用他的话来堵我 |
[39:58] | What about him? What were you gonna tell me? | 他怎么了? 你本来要跟我说什么? |
[40:02] | Let’s stop the conversation right there, | 我们就不要再说下去了 |
[40:05] | What were you gonna tell me? | 你本来要跟我说什么? |
[40:07] | l don’t think I can tell you when you feel like you do about him, | 我没办法告诉你 你对他的感觉是这样 |
[40:11] | not havin’ any faith in me in keepin’ secrets, | 又不相信我能守住秘密 |
[40:15] | We won’t have any secrets, What happened? | 我们不会有秘密的 发生了什么事? |
[40:19] | l tried to tell you about this the other night, but… | 我前天晚上想告诉你,可是… |
[40:23] | you were so upset and every time I tried to say anything, you cut me off, | 你那么生气 每次我说什么,你就打断我 |
[40:26] | What are you tryin’ to tell me? | 你想跟我说什么? |
[40:30] | l tried to stop him, I pleaded and I struggled, | 我试着阻止他 我一边求他一边挣扎 |
[40:37] | lt doesn’t matter, does it? | 其实那不重要 |
[40:39] | The only thing that matters is how I feel about you , | 唯一重要的是我对你的感情 |
[40:44] | lt is today, isn’t it? | 就是今天对不对? |
[40:50] | Earlier that morning at 5:00 a.m ., | 那天稍早,在凌晨5:00 |
[40:52] | Red Lightning was fed only a half portion of feed | “红色闪电”只吃了半份的饲料 |
[40:55] | in preparation for the seventh race that afternoon , | 准备参加下午第七局比赛 |
[40:57] | the $ 1 00,000 Lansdowne Stakes. | 十万元的兰斯登奖金赛 |
[41:03] | At 7:00 that morning, Johnny Clay began what might be | 那天早上七点 强尼克雷的一天开始 |
[41:06] | the last day of his life. | 那可能是他生命中的最后一天 |
[41:14] | – What time is it? – lt’s early yet, lt’s only 7:00, | – 几点了? – 还早,才七点 |
[41:17] | You better go back to sleep after I leave, | 我离开之后,你再继续睡 |
[41:19] | l just wanted to say good-bye… till tonight, that is, | 我只是想跟你道别 今晚会再见面的 |
[41:23] | Everything’s all set, Should go perfectly, | 全都安排好了,应该很圆满 |
[41:25] | But if it doesn’t, don’t talk about this with anyone, | 但如果不成 别跟别人提起这件事 |
[41:28] | You ‘ll be in the clear except for your books, I don’t think they’ll be rough– | 除了帐本,你应该不会有事 他们应该不会太… |
[41:32] | I’m not worried about that, I’m not worried about anything, | 我不担心那个 我什么也不担心 |
[41:36] | l just wish I could do more to help, | 但愿我能再帮上忙 |
[41:39] | You ‘ve done your part, I only hope we can do ours as well, | 你已经帮了 我只希望我们能把工作做好 |
[41:42] | We’ll probably never see each other again | 今晚分赃之后就分道扬镳 |
[41:45] | after we split the money and break up tonight, | 我们可能再也不会见到面 |
[41:48] | In my book, you ‘ll always be a stand-up guy, | 在我心里,你永远是个男子汉 |
[41:54] | l don’t know how to say this, and I don’t know if I have the right, | 我不知道该怎么说 我不知道我有没有权利 |
[41:57] | but I’ve always thought maybe you ‘re like my own kid, | 但我一直把你视爲我自己的孩子 |
[42:01] | You can say anything you want, | 你想说什么就说 |
[42:03] | You ‘ve had a lot of rough breaks and maybe you ‘ve made a few mistakes, | 你经历很多次噩运 也许你犯了几个错 |
[42:07] | but after today, the good Lord willing, | 但在今天之后,老天保佑 |
[42:10] | you ‘ll be a new man, a rich man, | 你就不一样了 成了有钱人 |
[42:14] | That can make a lot of difference, | 你的生活会改变很多 |
[42:16] | You ‘ve got a lot of life ahead of you , a lot of people to meet– | 你有很长的路要走 你会认识很多人 |
[42:21] | people of quality and substance, | 一些有身份地位的人 |
[42:23] | What are you gettin’ at? | 你想说什么? |
[42:25] | Wouldn’t it be great if we could just go away, the two of us, | 如果我们能远走高飞 就我们两个 |
[42:28] | and let the old world take a couple of turns and… | 远离这个世界一阵子 |
[42:32] | have a chance to take stock of things? | 重新评估一切 那不是很棒吗? |
[42:35] | lt can be pretty serious and terrible, | 情况可能变得很糟 |
[42:38] | particularly if it’s not the right person, | 尤其是如果你找不对人 |
[42:41] | Getting married, I mean, | 我是指结婚的话 |
[42:44] | You better go back to sleep, | 你最好继续睡吧 |
[42:46] | The seventh race starts about 4:30, if you wanna catch it on the radio, | 第七局比赛在4:30开始 你可以听收音机 |
[42:51] | I’ll be back here about 7:00, | 我会在七点左右回来 |
[42:56] | Keep away from the track, Go to a movie or something, | 别靠近赛马场 去看部电影什么的 |
[42:59] | See you later, | 再见 |
[43:06] | it was exactly 7:00 a.m . when he got to the airport . | 他抵达机场时是早上七点整 |
[43:11] | The weight is okay, Mr, Preston, ls that all the baggage? | 重量没问题,普先生 这是所有的行李吗? |
[43:14] | I’ll have one more with me tonight, I can keep that in the cabin, can’t l? | 我今晚会多一个 我可以带上机舱吧? |
[43:18] | Yes, but check in here at the counter prior to flight time, | 可以,但在起飞前 要来柜台登记 |
[43:21] | Flight 465 leaves at 9:00 p,m, tonight, | 465班机在今晚九点起飞 |
[43:23] | – Thank you , – Thank you for flying American, sir, | – 谢谢 – 谢谢你搭乘美国航空 |
[43:30] | Stopping first at a florist, he arrived at the motel at 8:15. | 他先买了花之后 在8:15抵达汽车旅馆 |
[43:33] | He was on schedule. | 他完全准时 |
[43:36] | – Good morning, my friend, – Good morning, Joe, | – 早安,朋友 – 早安,乔 |
[43:39] | This afternoon a friend of mine is stopping by and leaving a bundle for me, | 今天下午我有个朋友 会送一个包裹来给我 |
[43:42] | – He’s a cop, – A cop? | – 他是个警察 – 警察? |
[43:44] | He drives a prowl car, | 他会开巡逻车 |
[43:46] | – A funny kind of friend you have, – He’s a funny kind of a cop, | – 你的朋友还真怪 – 他是怪警察 |
[43:49] | Let him in, He’ll leave this bundle about 6:30, | 让他进来 他会在6:30留下包裹 |
[43:52] | I’ll pick it up right after that, and that’s the last you ‘ll see of me, | 我会马上来拿 然后你就不会再见到我了 |
[43:54] | – Would you come in for a drink? – I’d like to, but I got a lot to do, | – 你要来喝杯酒吗? – 我很想,但我要忙 |
[43:57] | – lf I did, everything would be fouled up, – I understand, I’ll see you tonight, | – 喝酒的话就会坏事 – 我明白,今晚见 |
[44:01] | So long, Take care of yourself, | 再见,保重 |
[44:48] | He reached the bus station at 8:45. | 他在8:45抵达公车站 |
[45:19] | it was 9:20 when he arrived at Mike’s apartment. | 他在9:20抵达麦可的公寓 |
[45:21] | So far, everything had gone off according to plan . | 目前爲止,一切都照计划进行 |
[45:33] | Mike o’Reilly was ready at 11:15. | 麦可欧莱利在11:15准备好 |
[45:35] | What goes on here? | 这是怎么回事? |
[45:37] | This is no way to get your strength back, | 你这样不可能恢复体力的 |
[45:40] | lt’s very good, but I guess I’m just not hungry, | 很好吃,我可能只是不饿 |
[45:43] | – I couldn’t eat another bite, – Another? | – 我吃不下了 – 吃不下? |
[45:45] | You haven’t eaten anything yet, | 你根本什么都没吃 |
[45:47] | I’ll take something after a while, after I’ve had my medicine, | 我过一会儿再吃 我先吃药好了 |
[45:51] | – I’ll have more appetite then, – That’s a promise, No tricks now, | – 我会比较有胃口 – 你保证,不能耍赖 |
[45:55] | lt’s a promise, You better go along, or you ‘ll be late for work, | 我保证 你快走吧,免得上班迟到 |
[45:59] | Yeah, I guess I will, | 好,我会的 |
[46:01] | Ruthie, things are gonna get much better for us, | 露西,我们的情况 会好转很多的 |
[46:04] | l know, I know, dear, | 我知道,我知道,亲爱的 |
[46:07] | l know I’ve made a lot of promises in the past, but… | 我知道我过去做过很多承诺 |
[46:11] | this time it’s not just talk, | 但这次不再是说说而已 |
[46:13] | We’re gonna be rich, and soon, | 我们很快就会很有钱的 |
[46:15] | You ‘re gonna have a fine house and doctors that’ll make you well again, | 你会有漂亮的房子住 还会有大夫让你好起来 |
[46:17] | Of course, dear, You ‘d better go along or you ‘ll be late, | 当然了,亲爱的 不过你再不走就要迟到了 |
[46:21] | Yeah, | 好 |
[46:26] | – Mike? – Yes? | – 麦可? – 什么事? |
[46:28] | On your way home tonight, would you bring me some magazines? | 你今晚回家的时候 可不可以带些杂志回来? |
[46:30] | Of course, | 当然可以 |
[46:32] | But I’m going to be a little late, probably about 10:00, | 不过我会晚点回来,大概十点 |
[46:36] | Some of the fellows and me are having a little get-together, | 几个朋友和我要聚一聚 |
[46:39] | I understand, | 我明白 |
[46:41] | Don’t you drink too much beer, | 别喝太多啤酒 |
[46:43] | Remember how it always leaves you the next day, | 别忘了你总是第二天不舒服 |
[46:45] | Don’t worry about that, I won’t be doing any drinking tonight, | 别担心,我今晚不会喝酒的 |
[46:51] | l called Mother, She’ll be over this afternoon to fix your dinner, | 我打给妈了 她下午会过来帮你做晚饭 |
[46:55] | Thank you , dear, Good-bye, | 谢谢你,亲爱的,再见 |
[47:00] | Don’t forget to eat your breakfast, | 别忘了吃你的早餐 |
[47:24] | He reached the bus station at 11:29. | 他在11:29抵达公车站 |
[47:58] | At 12:10, as it was his custom , he arrived at the track. | 他依照惯例 在12:10抵达赛马场 |
[48:15] | What have we got here? Who’s the girlfriend? | 这是什么?女朋友是谁啊? |
[48:18] | That’s how you spend your money– on dames, | 原来你的钱都花在女人身上了 |
[48:20] | An old man like you that ought to know better, | 老家伙不应该会这么傻 |
[48:23] | l ain’t like you guys, These posies are for my wife, | 我才不像你们 这些花是送给我太太的 |
[48:26] | Besides, where do you guys get off calling me an old man? | 而且你们凭什么说我老? |
[48:31] | Why don’t you buy your flowers after work? | 你怎么不下班后再买花? |
[48:33] | They’ll wilt before you get home, | 你还没到家就枯萎了吧 |
[48:35] | lt can’t be helped, After work, the shops will all be closed, | 没办法,下班后花店都关了 |
[48:39] | Why don’t you put them in some water? | 你何不把它们放在水里? |
[48:42] | The clubhouse steward would put ’em in the refrigerator, | 俱乐部的服务生 会把它们放进冰箱的 |
[48:45] | Perhaps I should, but– | 也许我该这么做,但是… |
[48:48] | lt’s getting late now– | 我快迟到了 |
[48:50] | – Why don’t I do it for you ? – No! | – 我帮你放吧? – 不要了 |
[48:53] | l was just tryin’ to do you a favor, | 怎么了,我只是想帮忙 |
[48:55] | The flowers are going in my locker, Then I’ll know where they are, | 我要把花放进我的柜子 这样才不会把它弄丢 |
[48:59] | Okay, Suit yourself, | 好吧,随便你 |
[49:01] | I’m sorry, Bill, I appreciate your offer, | 对不起,比尔 谢谢你的好意 |
[49:03] | After work, you know how it is, | 你知道下班的情形嘛 |
[49:05] | Everybody’ll be in a hurry to get away and– | 大家都会急着离开… |
[49:50] | …third and Trumpet King. | 第三名和”喇叭王” |
[49:52] | it is My Baby leading by a length . | “我的宝贝”领先一个马身 |
[49:54] | Concentrator is second by three-quarters of a length . | “集力王”第二名 领先3/4个马身 |
[49:57] | Second Ending, moving fast on the outside, is third. | 在外圈冲刺的 “第二回合”是第三名 |
[50:00] | And Trumpet King. | “喇叭王” |
[50:02] | it is My Baby, Concentrator, and Second Ending. | “我的宝贝” “集力王”和”第二回合” |
[50:06] | it is Second Ending, Concentrator, and Trumpet King. | “第二回合” “集力王”和”喇叭王” |
[50:09] | it is Second Ending and Concentrator down to the wire. | “第二回合”和”集力王”冲向终点 |
[50:12] | it’s Second Ending the winner by a half a length . | “第二回合”以半个马身之差获胜 |
[50:15] | Concentrator’s second by two, | 第二名”集力王”差两个马身 |
[50:17] | Trumpet King third, and My Baby. | 再来是”喇叭王”和”我的宝贝” |
[50:21] | The result of the first race now appears on the board. | 现在公布第一局的结果 |
[50:25] | Be sure to hold all tickets | 在正式公布比赛结果之前 |
[50:27] | until the result of the race is declared official. | 彩票都不要丢掉哦 |
[50:31] | After the first race, Mike was very busy. | 第一局比赛过后 麦可非常忙碌 |
[50:45] | Give me a double bourbon, please, | 请给我一杯波本酒 |
[50:48] | Don’t you think you ‘ve had enough, pal? | 你不觉得你喝够了吗? |
[50:55] | Your attention , please. | 请各位注意 |
[50:57] | The horses are now on the track for the second race at six furlongs. | 马匹已就跑道 准备进行第二局的一千两百公尺 |
[51:01] | At exactly 3:32 that same afternoon , | 当天下午3:32整 |
[51:04] | officer Randy Kennan set in motion his phase of the operation . | 伦迪肯能警官 展开他那个阶段的任务 |
[51:10] | Hello, Fred, This is Randy, | 喂,弗雷,我是伦迪 |
[51:13] | Check the dispatcher’s office and see if they’ve been gettin’ me loud and clear, | 问问通讯室能不能清楚听到我 |
[51:16] | l think my set’s a little on the blink, Sure, | 我的对讲机有点故障,好 |
[51:25] | What? He says it’s okay? | 什么?他说没问题? |
[51:28] | That’s funny, lt keeps goin’ dead, | 真奇怪,它一直没声音 |
[51:31] | l don’t think it’s one of the tubes, I’ll keep foolin’ around with it, | 我想不是管线的问题 我再调整一下 |
[51:34] | Give my regards to your missus, When’s the big day supposed to be? | 替我问候尊夫人 好日子是什么时候啊? |
[51:39] | Well, don’t worry about it, The sixth one is always the hardest, | 别担心,第六个总是最困难的 |
[51:53] | Officer! | 警官 |
[51:56] | Officer! | 警官 |
[51:59] | Thank heaven! Hurry! Come quick! They’re killing each other! | 感谢老天了快点跟我来了 他们打杀起来了了 |
[52:02] | l always knew they– | 我就知道他们会… |
[52:08] | He had timed the trip to the track on half a dozen different occasions | 开车到赛马场的时间 他计算五,六次 |
[52:11] | and he knew at just what point he should be at precisely what time. | 他知道他应该在几点钟 到达哪个定点 |
[52:15] | He knew the entire success of the plan depended on his accuracy | 他知道计划的成败完全看他 |
[52:18] | in arriving at the track at exactly the correct moment. | 能不能准时抵达赛马场 |
[52:20] | Aminute or two early was allowable, but ten seconds late would be fatal. | 早一,两分钟还可以 但迟个十秒就会出人命 |
[52:26] | Your attention , ladies and gentlemen . | 各位先生女士请注意 |
[52:28] | The horses are now on the track for the seventh race. | 第七局比赛的马匹已就跑道 |
[52:32] | The $ 1 00,000 Added Lansdowne Stakes at one mile. | 每一哩加码十万元兰斯登奖金 |
[53:02] | And they’re off and running! | 它们开始跑了了 |
[53:05] | At the start it is Red Lightning breaking on top. | 一起跑,”红色闪电”就冲到前面 |
[53:08] | Early Streak is second. i’m Hoping is third. White Fire is fourth . | “早春”第二 “希望”第三,”白色火焰”第四 |
[53:12] | Earlier that afternoon , at 2:30, Maurice was at the chess club. | 那天下午稍早在2:30 莫里斯在西洋棋社 |
[53:16] | He was to be at the track in position at 4:00, | 他要在四点到赛马场就定位 |
[53:18] | just before the start of the seventh race. | 赶在第七局开始之前 |
[53:24] | Fisher, I am supposed to be back here tonight about 6:30, | 费雪,我今晚应该6:30会回来 |
[53:28] | lf I’m not, I’d like you to do something for me, | 如果我没回来 我想请你帮我一个忙 |
[53:31] | Sure, What is it? | 好啊,什么忙? |
[53:32] | I’d like you to call this number and ask for Mr, Stillman | 我想请你打这个电话 找史提曼先生 |
[53:35] | and tell him Maurice requires his services, | 跟他说莫里斯需要他的服务 |
[53:39] | Sounds pretty mysterious, What’s it all about? | 听起来挺神秘的 到底是怎么回事? |
[53:41] | There are some things, my dear Fisher, which do not bear much looking into, | 亲爱的费雪 有些事情你最好不要太清楚 |
[53:46] | You have undoubtedly heard of the Siberian goatherd | 你一定听过西伯利亚牧羊人 |
[53:48] | who tried to discover the true nature of the sun, | 企图探索太阳的本质 |
[53:51] | He stared up at the heavenly body until it made him blind, | 他一直瞪着天体看到眼瞎爲止 |
[53:55] | There are many things of this sort, including love and death, | 有很多事情也像这样 包括爱情和死亡,今天也如此 |
[53:59] | Please remember to make that call if I’m not back at 6:30, | 如果我没在6:30回来 请你记得打那通电话 |
[54:04] | Your attention , ladies and gentlemen . | 各位先生女士请注意 |
[54:06] | The horses are now on the track for the seventh race. | 第七局比赛的马匹已就跑道 |
[54:09] | The $ 1 00,000 Added Lansdowne Stakes at one mile. | 每一哩加码十万元兰斯登奖金 |
[54:15] | Your attention , ladies and gentlemen . | 各位先生女士请注意 |
[54:18] | The horses are now on the track for the seventh race. | 第七局比赛的马匹已就跑道 |
[54:22] | The $ 1 00,000 Added Lansdowne Stakes at one mile. | 每一哩加码十万元兰斯登奖金 |
[54:45] | – Yes, sir? – Bottle of beer, | – 是的,先生? – 一瓶啤酒 |
[54:52] | The horses are approaching the starting gate for the seventh race. | 第七局比赛的马匹走向起跑门 |
[54:56] | The horses are approaching the starting gate for the seventh race. | 第七局比赛的马匹走向起跑门 |
[55:04] | The horses are at the gate. | 马匹进入起跑门了 |
[55:08] | The horses are at the gate. | 马匹进入起跑门了 |
[55:22] | Hey! Can I have some service, you stupid-looking lrish pig! | 喂了懂不懂服务啊 你这个爱尔兰笨蛋了 |
[55:26] | What’s the matter– | 你怎么… |
[56:54] | Come on, break it up! | 快让开了 |
[57:00] | it was exactly 4:23 when they dragged Maurice out. | 他们在4:23整把莫里斯拖出去 |
[57:04] | At 11:40 that morning, Nikki left his farm . | 那天早上11:40 尼基离开他的农场 |
[57:20] | He arrived at the track at 12:30. | 他在12:30抵达赛马场 |
[57:30] | – Hi there, – Use the other parking lot, | – 你好 – 用另一个停车场,这里没有开放 |
[57:33] | – I don’t like to trouble you , – You ‘re not troubling me, | – 我不想麻烦你 – 你没有麻烦我 |
[57:36] | There’s no parking here, and that’s that, | 这里不能停车,就是这样 |
[57:39] | Look, Mac, I’m a paraplegic | 朋友,我下半身瘫痪 |
[57:42] | and I want to get in this lot to watch the races from my car, | 我想在这个停车场 坐在我车上看比赛 |
[57:45] | That ain’t my problem, mister, | 那不是我的问题,先生 |
[57:47] | My leg’s bum too, but nobody’s feeling sorry for me, | 我的腿残废了 也没人同情我啊 |
[57:51] | l know what you mean, buddy, | 我懂你的心情 |
[57:54] | – Get that in the war? – Battle of the Bulge, | – 你是战争受伤的? – 突部战役 |
[57:58] | Look, I know this is a lot of extra trouble for you , I want you to– | 我知道真的很麻烦你,请你… |
[58:02] | – No, Skip it, – I want you to take it, | – 不用了 – 我要你收下 |
[58:06] | Now go on, keep it, | 快点,收下吧 |
[58:09] | lt’s all right, | 没关系的 |
[58:11] | – Thanks, mister, I’m sorry– – Forget it, | – 谢谢先生,对不起… – 没关系 |
[58:14] | Will you take down that fence? I’d like to settle down before the first race, | 麻烦把栅栏拿走好吗? 我想在第一局开始之前停好 |
[58:19] | – Okay? – Sure, mister, | – 好吗? – 当然,先生 |
[58:48] | Your attention , please. The horses are now on the track for the second race | 请各位注意 第二局比赛的马匹已经抵达 |
[58:52] | at six furlongs. | 一千两百公尺长的跑道 |
[58:57] | l had this layin’ around, mister, I thought you might like to have it, | 这个一直放着没用,先生 我想你应该用得到 |
[59:01] | Thanks, That’s very kind of you , | 谢谢,你人真好 |
[59:03] | No trouble at all, lf you need anything else, just honk, | 不客气 需要什么的话就按喇叭 |
[59:05] | l doubt if I’ll need anything, I’m getting along just fine, | 我应该不会需要什么 我没什么问题 |
[59:09] | But thanks anyway, | 不过谢谢了 |
[59:11] | Who you bettin’ on? Anything look good to you ? | 你押哪一匹? 你有看中什么吗? |
[59:13] | – Red Lightning, – Huh? | – 红色闪电 – 哦? |
[59:15] | – Red Lightning in the seventh, – So you ‘re bettin’ on him, huh? | – 第七局的”红色闪电” – 原来你押它啊? |
[59:19] | Yeah, I got a little bet down on him, | 对,我押了点钱在它身上 |
[59:21] | l guess I’d better be gettin’ back to work, | 我最好回去工作了 |
[59:24] | – Thanks for bringin’ me the program, – No trouble at all, | – 谢谢你拿节目单给我 – 不客气 |
[59:28] | You sure there’s nothing else I can do for you ? | 你确定不要我再帮你做什么吗? |
[59:30] | Nothing at all, lf I think of anything, I can give you a yell, | 完全不用 如果我想到什么,我会叫你 |
[59:57] | Your attention , ladies and gentlemen . | 各位先生女士请注意 |
[59:59] | The horses are now on the track for the seventh race. | 第七局比赛的马匹已就跑道 |
[1:00:03] | The $ 1 00,000 Added Lansdowne Stakes at one mile. | 每一哩加码十万元兰斯登奖金 |
[1:00:12] | The horses are approaching the starting gate for the seventh race. | 第七局比赛的马匹走向起跑门 |
[1:00:30] | – Sure is a nice day, ain’t it? – Yeah, | – 天气真不错,对不对? – 是啊 |
[1:00:34] | Didn’t think it would be when I first got up today, but it turned out fine, | 我今天起床时不觉得 结果天气真不错 |
[1:00:38] | Kind of funny when you stop to look at it, | 有时候想想会有点好笑 |
[1:00:40] | Weather’s almost the same as it always is this time of year, but– | 每年的这个时候 天气几乎都一样,不过… |
[1:00:45] | l sure appreciate the way you treat me, mister, | 我真的很感激 你对我的态度,先生 |
[1:00:47] | lt’s not so much the money, Of course I appreciate that too, but it’s more– | 虽然不是很多钱 当然我也感激那个,但更重要的… |
[1:00:51] | – Forget it, – No, sir, | – 算了 – 不,先生 |
[1:00:54] | l don’t reckon I’ll ever forget it, | 我永远都不会忘记这件事 |
[1:00:56] | l brought you some luck, mister, I figured you might need it, | 我替你带来一个幸运物 我想你可能需要它 |
[1:01:00] | Look, Keep your junk and leave me alone, will you ? | 听着,留着你的垃圾 别来烦我好吗? |
[1:01:03] | – Somethin’ wrong? – You ‘re wrong, nigger! | – 有什么问题吗? – 问题就是你,黑鬼了 |
[1:01:07] | Be a nice guy and go on about your business, | 好心点,去做你的事吧 |
[1:01:11] | Sure, boss, | 是的,先生 |
[1:01:12] | Sorry to have bothered you , | 很抱歉打扰你了 |
[1:01:15] | My mistake, | 我的错 |
[1:01:29] | And they’re off and running! | 他们开始跑了了 |
[1:01:31] | At the start it is Red Lightning breaking on top. | 一起跑”红色闪电”就冲到最前面 |
[1:01:34] | Early Streak is second. i’m Hoping is third. | “早春”第二,”希望”第三 |
[1:01:36] | White Fire is fourth . | “白色火焰”第四 |
[1:01:38] | Little Arnie is next. Seymour’s Darling and Best Seller. | 再来是”小阿尼” “西摩达令”和”热卖” |
[1:01:42] | Moving down the backstretch , it’s Red Lightning by a length and a quarter. | 冲向直线跑道的”红色闪电” 领先一又1/4个马身 |
[1:01:46] | i’m Hoping is second by three-quarters of a length . | “希望”第二,领先3/4个马身 |
[1:01:49] | Little Arnie is third by a length and a quarter, | “小阿尼”第三 领先一又1/4个马身 |
[1:01:51] | and Seymour’s Darling. | 再来是”西摩达令” |
[1:01:54] | Passing the half-mile post, | 通过半哩标竿的是 |
[1:01:55] | it is Red Lightning by a length and a quarter. | “红色闪电” 领先一又1/4个马身 |
[1:01:57] | i’m Hoping is second by a half a length . | “希望”第二,领先半个马身 |
[1:02:00] | Seymour’s Darling is third, | “西摩达令”第三 |
[1:02:02] | and Little Arnie moving fast to the outside. | “小阿尼”快速跑向外圈 |
[1:02:05] | into the far turn it is Red Lightning | “红色闪电”开始转弯 |
[1:02:08] | in front by a length and a quarter. | 领先一又1/4个马身 |
[1:02:10] | Little Arnie is second by half a length . i’m Hoping is third. | “小阿尼”第二,领先半个马身 “希望”是第三 |
[1:02:13] | And a horse is down ! it is Red Lightning. | 有匹马摔倒了了 是”红色闪电” |
[1:02:17] | At the head of the stretch , it is i’ m Hoping | 在跑道上领先的是”希望” |
[1:02:20] | taking the lead by half a length . | 领先半个马身 |
[1:02:26] | Stop! Stop or I’ll shoot! | 停下来了不然我就开枪了 |
[1:02:33] | Down to the wire, it is Little Arnie going steadily, holding it and winning. | 终点线前面的是”小阿尼” 稳稳地冲向胜利 |
[1:02:38] | Nikki was dead at 4:24. | 尼基在4:24死亡 |
[1:02:41] | At 2:15 that afternoon , Johnny Clay was still in the city. | 当天下午2:15 强尼克雷还在市区里 |
[1:02:44] | He knew exactly how long it would take him to drive to the track, | 他知道开车到赛马场, 停车,走向观众席 |
[1:02:47] | park his car, and walk to the grandstand. | 总共要花多久时间 |
[1:02:49] | He planned to arrive just before the start of the seventh race. | 他打算赶在第七局 开始之前抵达 |
[1:02:56] | Your attention , ladies and gentlemen . | 各位先生女士请注意 |
[1:02:58] | The horses are now on the track for the seventh race. | 第七局比赛的马匹已就跑道 |
[1:03:01] | For the seventh race. | 第七局 |
[1:03:03] | The $ 1 00,000 Added Lansdowne Stakes at one mile. | 每一哩加码十万元兰斯登奖金 |
[1:04:16] | The horses are approaching the starting gate | 马匹正走向起跑门 |
[1:04:19] | for the seventh race. | 准备进行第七局 |
[1:04:26] | Hey! How about some service, you stupid-looking lrish pig! | 喂了懂不懂服务啊 你这个爱尔兰笨蛋了 |
[1:04:36] | Money room, Claude here, | 存款室,我是克劳德 |
[1:04:38] | Yes, sir, right away, | 是的长官,马上来 |
[1:04:40] | There’s a riot downstairs, Come on, | 楼下有人闹事,快点 |
[1:05:12] | And they’re off and running! | 他们开始跑了了 |
[1:05:15] | At the start it is Red Lightning breaking on top. | 一起跑”红色闪电”就冲到最前面 |
[1:05:17] | Early Streak is second. i’m Hoping is third. White Fire is fourth . | “早春”第二 “希望”第三,”白色火焰”第四 |
[1:05:21] | Little Arnie is next. | 再来是”小阿尼” |
[1:05:23] | Seymour’s Darling and Best Seller. | “西摩达令”和”热卖” |
[1:05:26] | Moving down the backstretch , it’s Red Lightning by a length and a quarter. | 冲向直线跑道的”红色闪电” 领先一又1/4个马身 |
[1:05:29] | i’m Hoping is second by three-quarters of a length . | “希望”第二,领先3/4个马身 |
[1:05:32] | Little Arnie is third by a length and a quarter, | “小阿尼”第三 领先一又1/4个马身 |
[1:05:35] | and Seymour’s Darling. | 再来是”西摩达令” |
[1:05:37] | Passing the half-mile post, it is Red Lightning by a length and a quarter. | 通过半哩标竿的是”红色闪电” 领先一又1/4个马身 |
[1:05:41] | i’m Hoping is second by a half a length . | “希望”第二,领先半个马身 |
[1:05:44] | Seymour’s Darling is third, | “西摩达令”是第三 |
[1:05:46] | and Little Arnie moving fast on the outside. | “小阿尼”快速跑向外圈 |
[1:05:49] | into the far turn it is Red Lightning | “红色闪电”开始转弯 |
[1:05:51] | in front by a length and a quarter. | 领先一又1/4个马身 |
[1:05:53] | Little Arnie is second by half a length . i’m Hoping is third. | “小阿尼”第二,领先半个马身 “希望”是第三 |
[1:05:57] | And a horse is down ! it is Red Lightning. | 有匹马摔倒了了 是”红色闪电” |
[1:06:01] | At the head of the stretch , it is i’m Hoping taking the lead by half a length . | 跑道上领先的是”希望” 领先半个马身 |
[1:06:06] | Little Arnie driving on the outside, second by three quarters. | 在外圈的”小阿尼”是第二 领先3/4个马身 |
[1:06:09] | Seymour’s Darling is third, and Early Streak. | “西摩达令”第三,再来是”早春” |
[1:06:13] | it is Little Arnie and Seymour’s Darling. | “小阿尼”和”西摩达令” |
[1:06:15] | it’s Little Arnie in front. | “小阿尼”在前面 |
[1:06:17] | Down to the wire, it is Little Arnie going steadily, | 终点线前的”小阿尼”保持领先 |
[1:06:20] | holding it and winning it by three-quarters of a length . | 最后获得胜利 领先3/4个马身 |
[1:06:25] | i’m Hoping is second by three-quarters of a length . | “希望”第二名 领先3/4个马身 |
[1:06:28] | Seymour’s Darling is third by a half, | “西摩达令”第三名 领先半个马身 |
[1:06:30] | and White Fire finishes fourth . | “白色火焰”第四名 |
[1:06:36] | Your attention , ladies and gentlemen . Be sure to hold all tickets. | 各位先生女士请注意 请保留所有彩票 |
[1:06:41] | The stewards are conducting an inquiry into the running of the seventh race | 服务员正在调查 第七局比赛的过程 |
[1:06:45] | and they’ll view the motion picture. | 他们将会调阅影片 |
[1:07:04] | Get your hands up! | 把手举起来了 |
[1:07:06] | One move out of any one of you and I’m gonna start firing, | 你们有谁敢动,我就开枪 |
[1:07:09] | You ! Fill that bag up just as fast as you know how, | 你了用最快的速度 把那个袋子装满 |
[1:07:16] | You ! Take that gun out of the holster, | 你了把那把枪拿出皮套 |
[1:07:18] | Be awful careful how you do it, | 你的动作最好小心 |
[1:07:27] | Now drop it, | 丢下 |
[1:07:29] | Kick it over here, | 把它踢过来 |
[1:07:33] | Turn and face the wall, | 转过去面壁 |
[1:07:45] | All right, now the money in the safe, | 好,现在装保险箱的钱 |
[1:07:51] | Your attention , ladies and gentlemen . | 各位先生女士请注意 |
[1:07:54] | We have received no exact information | 我们没有确实的资料 |
[1:07:57] | concerning the spill of Red Lightning in the seventh race. | 解释第七局的 “红色闪电”爲何摔倒 |
[1:08:00] | However, jockey Danny Freed appears to be unhurt . | 不过,骑师丹尼佛利看来没受伤 |
[1:08:05] | – Your attention , ladies and gentlemen . – Fill it up! | – 各位先生女士请注意 – 把它装满了 |
[1:08:08] | We have received no exact information | 我们没有确实的资料 |
[1:08:11] | concerning the spill of Red Lightning in the seventh race. | 解释第七局的 “红色闪电”爲何摔倒 |
[1:08:14] | However, jockey Danny Freed appears to be unhurt . | 不过,骑师丹尼佛利看来没受伤 |
[1:08:44] | All right, that’s enough, Now put the bag in the middle of the floor, | 好,够了 把袋子放在地板中央 |
[1:08:50] | Get back over there, | 回去那边 |
[1:08:53] | Now, I’m gonna open this door, | 现在我会打开这扇门 |
[1:08:55] | Go through it and go into the locker room, and close the door, | 你们走出去 进入更衣室以后关上门 |
[1:08:59] | I’m gonna start firing through that door 1 5 seconds after you close the door, | 你们关上门十五秒后 我会开始扫射那扇门 |
[1:09:04] | Let’s go, | 走吧 |
[1:09:14] | Close it! | 把门关上了 |
[1:10:01] | – Just a minute, – What are you doing? | – 等一下 – 你干什么? |
[1:10:23] | We interrupt this broadcast to bring you a special news bulletin . | 我们要打断一下节目 这是新闻特报 |
[1:10:26] | in one of the most daring and methodically executed holdups in criminal history, | 这是犯罪史上 最大胆与最有组织的抢劫之一 |
[1:10:30] | a lone bandit wearing a rubber mask today took an estimated $2 million | 今天一名戴着面具的强盗 从兰斯登赛马场的办公室 |
[1:10:34] | stuffed into a large duffel bag from the offices of the Lansdowne Racetrack. | 用一个大型背包袋 装走约两百万美元 |
[1:10:38] | The robbery occurred during the running of the seventh race | 这宗抢案发生在第七局比赛 |
[1:10:40] | and was apparently timed to coincide with the shooting of Red Lightning | 显然与”红色闪电” 遭射杀的时间相同 |
[1:10:43] | just as the horse, valued at $250,000, was leading the pack at the far turn . | 这匹价值二十五万元的马 当时正在转弯领先全局 |
[1:10:48] | The jockey, Danny Freed, escaped with minor injuries. | 骑师丹尼佛利只有受到轻伤 |
[1:10:51] | Aman identified as Nikki Arcane, who allegedly shot the prize thoroughbred, | 据说是叫尼基亚伦诺的男子 射杀这匹优良纯种马 |
[1:10:54] | was himself fatally wounded by track police | 他则被赛马场警员打中死亡 |
[1:10:57] | as he attempted to shoot his way out of the track parking lot. | 他当时企图 从赛马场的停车场开枪逃走 |
[1:10:59] | At this time, the most baffling mystery that still plagues the authorities | 目前最令有关当局不解的谜是 |
[1:11:03] | is just how the bandit managed to successfully get away from the track | 拿着装满钱的笨重背包袋 |
[1:11:06] | with the bulky duffel bag containing the money. | 这名强盗如何成功逃离赛马场 |
[1:11:09] | A painstaking search of the track grounds is being conducted | 目前正在赛马场进行地毯式搜索 |
[1:11:11] | on the theory that the money may still be hidden there. | 他们推测这笔钱可能还藏在那里 |
[1:11:14] | And now we take you back to our regularly scheduled program . | 现在请继续收听我们的节目 |
[1:11:18] | No one saw the duffel bag come out of the window, | 没人看到背包袋被丢出窗外 |
[1:11:25] | That part of it worked okay, | 那个部份还算成功 |
[1:11:27] | Landed right at my feet, | 它掉在我的脚边 |
[1:11:30] | l reported my radio out of order before I went out to the track, | 我去赛马场前 通报说我的对讲机故障 |
[1:11:34] | But the captain ain’t buyin’ it, He thinks I was holed up somewhere drunk, | 但队长不相信 他认爲我躲在某处喝酒 |
[1:11:37] | And if the captain’s convinced, there ain’t nobody that can un-convince him, | 队长一旦认定什么 就没人能说服他了 |
[1:11:42] | Besides, no one’s gonna think anything of seein’ a cop at the racetrack, | 此外,看到警察在赛马场 没人会多想什么的 |
[1:11:47] | l mean, they won’t get any funny ideas about it and tie it in with the robbery, | 我是说他们不会 把这跟抢劫联想在一起 |
[1:11:53] | Anyway, if they do, it won’t cut any ice, | 反正就算有也没关系 |
[1:11:56] | Captain knows I was drunk, and he ain’t a man you can argue with, | 队长认爲我喝醉了 你辩不过他那种人的 |
[1:12:00] | So I guess I’ll just have to break down and admit it | 我想我只好承认我喝酒 |
[1:12:04] | and take my punishment, | 接受我的惩罚 |
[1:12:06] | Yeah, That would be terrible, wouldn’t it, Randy? A 30-day suspension, | 是啊,太糟了 对不对,伦迪?停职三十天 |
[1:12:11] | lt’s 7:15, | 现在7:15了 |
[1:12:12] | Don’t worry, He’ll get here, | 别担心,他会来的 |
[1:12:15] | He had to pick up the dough at the motel where I dropped it, | 他得去我放钱的汽车旅馆拿钱嘛 |
[1:12:19] | There was a funny little guy name of Joe Piano there, Runs the place, I guess, | 有个叫乔皮安诺的怪老头在 他好像是那里的老板 |
[1:12:23] | Hope Johnny knows how to pick his friends, | 但愿强尼的朋友没问题 |
[1:12:25] | l need another drink, | 我需要再喝一杯 |
[1:12:30] | Why ain’t he here? | 他爲什么还没来? |
[1:12:31] | Everything else runs on a timetable till it comes to payin’ us our shares, | 一切都按时间表进行 怎么付钱的时候就不是 |
[1:12:35] | Then the timetable breaks down, | 那我也不管时间表了 |
[1:12:38] | He was supposed to be here at 7:00, | 他应该要在七点钟来的 |
[1:12:45] | – I think I hear the elevator, – That’ll be Johnny, | – 我听到电梯的声音 – 一定是强尼 |
[1:12:54] | – Everybody up, – What is this? | – 大家站好 – 这是干嘛? |
[1:12:56] | lt’ll be a massacre if you don’t keep those mitts up, | 如果你不把手举起来 这就会是大屠杀 |
[1:12:59] | Where’s Johnny? What time’s he due? | 强尼呢?他几点会进来? |
[1:13:02] | I’ve been sittin’ out in that car since 4:00 listenin’ to that radio, | 我从四点就坐在车上听收音机 |
[1:13:05] | l heard some pretty interesting things, Grandpa, what time’s Johnny comin’? | 我听到很有意思的东西 老爷爷,强尼何时进来? |
[1:13:10] | Somebody give you a bum steer, buddy, | 有人给你们错误的情报了 |
[1:13:12] | Look around, | 去四处看看 |
[1:13:14] | Can’t believe you were tipped, huh? Well, if I had a certain lady here– | 不敢相信有人泄密? 这都要靠我的女人 |
[1:13:19] | – Where’s the jerk? Where’s George? – Right here! | – 乔治那个混蛋呢? – 在这里了 |
[1:13:53] | Forty minutes before, at 6:25, Johnny reached the motel. | 四十分钟前在6:26时 强尼抵达汽车旅馆 |
[1:13:57] | Due to heavy traffic around the track, he was 1 5 minutes behind schedule. | 由于赛车场四周塞车 他晚到十五分钟 |
[1:14:05] | Yeah? Who is it? | 什么事?哪位? |
[1:14:08] | Oh, it’s just a mistake, I’m sorry, | 我弄错了,对不起 |
[1:14:35] | Johnny arrived at the meeting place at 7:29, still 1 5 minutes late. | 强尼在7:29抵达会面地点 还是晚了十五分钟 |
[1:14:49] | it had been prearranged and agreed to by all | 大家在事先已经说好 |
[1:14:51] | that in the event of an emergency before the split, | 在分钱之前如果出事 |
[1:14:54] | the money was to be saved by whoever had possession of it at that time | 当时拿到钱的人要把钱存起来 |
[1:14:57] | without any consideration of the fate of the others, | 不必考量其他人的安危 |
[1:14:59] | the money to be divided in safety at a later date. | 等日后安全了,再将钱平分 |
[1:15:02] | After what he’d seen , not knowing the cause or circumstances of the others, | 看到这个场面,又不知道 事发原因或其他人的下场 |
[1:15:06] | Johnny had no choice but to save himself and the money. | 强尼不得不先救自己和那笔钱 |
[1:15:17] | Ten minutes later, he bought the largest suitcase he could find. | 十分钟后 他买了一个最大的行李箱 |
[1:16:34] | I’m back here, Val darling, | 我在这里,瓦尔甜心 |
[1:16:39] | How’d it go, dear? | 结果如何,亲爱的? |
[1:16:44] | – Watch out, – What happened? | – 小心 – 怎么了? |
[1:16:47] | Sherry… | 雪莉… |
[1:16:49] | why did you do it? | 你爲什么这么做? |
[1:16:51] | Do what, dearest? I don’t know what you ‘re talking about, | 做什么,亲爱的? 我不知道你在说什么 |
[1:16:54] | l was just getting some clothes ready to go to the cleaners, | 我只是要拿些脏衣服去洗衣店 |
[1:17:00] | So you had to be stupid, | 你就非得做傻事不可 |
[1:17:03] | You couldn’t even play it smart with a gun pointed at you , | 就连面对着枪也不能精明点 |
[1:17:07] | You better get smart fast and get out of here while you can still walk, | 你最好学总明点 趁你还能走路,赶快离开 |
[1:17:11] | lt’s your friend, Val? ls that his name? | 他是你的朋友 瓦尔是他的名字吗? |
[1:17:15] | Yes, and you better get out of here before he gets here, | 是的,你最好趁他来之前快走吧 |
[1:17:19] | I’m sick, Sherry, | 我不舒服,雪莉 |
[1:17:22] | Call an ambulance, | 快叫救护车 |
[1:17:28] | The door’s behind you , Take a cab, | 门在你后面,去叫计程车 |
[1:17:32] | l love you , Sherry, | 我爱你,雪莉 |
[1:17:35] | You ‘d better go, You look terrible, | 你快走吧,你看来好可怕 |
[1:17:42] | lt isn’t fair, | 不公平 |
[1:17:45] | l never had anybody but you , | 我以前从没背叛过你 |
[1:17:49] | Not a real husband, | 根本不像个真丈夫 |
[1:17:52] | Not even a man, | 甚至不算个男人 |
[1:17:55] | Just a bad joke without a punch line, | 真是个天大的烂笑话 |
[1:18:07] | Ain’t fair, | 不公平 |
[1:18:25] | American Airlines announces the arrival of flight 808, | 美国航空DC- 7航班,班机808 |
[1:18:30] | DC-7 service from Chicago. | 已从芝加哥飞抵机场 |
[1:18:33] | American Airlines announces the arrival of flight 808, | 美国航空DC- 7航班,班机808 |
[1:18:38] | DC-7 service from Chicago. | 已从芝加哥飞抵机场 |
[1:18:54] | Sebastian and I are so excited, | 赛巴斯俊和我好兴奋哦 |
[1:18:56] | We haven’t seen daddy sweetums for such a long, long time, | 我们已经好久好久 没见到爹地了 |
[1:19:00] | Would the nice man let us wait outside so we could look at the airplanes? | 这位先生会让我们在外面等 让我们看飞机吗? |
[1:19:04] | You can stand outside on the boarding ramp, | 你可以站在外面的登机台上 |
[1:19:06] | We’ll be announcing the arrival of your husband’s flight very shortly, | 我们待会就会宣布 你先生的班机何时降落 |
[1:19:09] | He’s a sweetums man, isn’t hims? | 他人真好,对不对? |
[1:19:12] | Let’s hurry up real fast and see daddy come off the airplane, | 我们赶快去看爹地下飞机吧 |
[1:19:17] | – Good evening, – Good evening, | – 晚安 – 晚安 |
[1:19:19] | Mr, and Mrs, Raymond Preston, 9:00 flight for Boston, | 雷蒙普斯顿夫妇 九点飞往波士顿的飞机 |
[1:19:25] | We’ll be announcing the on-time departure of this flight very shortly, | 我们待会就会宣布 这班飞机的准时起飞时间 |
[1:19:30] | – Do you have any other baggage? – lt was checked through this morning, | – 你有其他行李吗? – 今天早上就送拖运了 |
[1:19:32] | l wanna carry that bag with me on the plane, please, | 我想把那个袋子带上飞机 |
[1:19:36] | I’m sorry, lt’s much too large, This’ll have to check through as baggage, | 对不起,它太大了 它必须当行李拖运 |
[1:19:40] | Now, let’s be a little reasonable, huh? | 我们讲点道理好吗? |
[1:19:43] | The two of us together are not entitled to one piece of luggage between us? | 我们两个人 却不能拿一个行李上机? |
[1:19:48] | We have no objection to one small bag or two small bags, | 我们不反对一个或两个小袋子 |
[1:19:51] | But we don’t have anything else, lt’s already been checked through, | 可是我们没别的东西 东西都拖运了 |
[1:19:53] | l see, | 我明白 |
[1:19:55] | Even though it’s getting close to flight time, we can locate the rest of your luggage, | 虽然接近起飞时间 我们可以找回你其他的行李 |
[1:19:58] | You could transfer the contents of this to a smaller one, | 你可以把这箱东西 分装到较小的袋子里 |
[1:20:01] | That won’t work at all, Now look, | 那行不通的,听着 |
[1:20:03] | Let me talk to your supervisor, huh? | 我要找你的上司,好吗? |
[1:20:05] | I’ll be very happy to call him, Mr, Grimes? | 我很乐意找他来 葛莱姆先生? |
[1:20:09] | Mr, Grimes, could you come down this way, please? | 葛莱姆先生 能不能麻烦你来一下? |
[1:20:14] | – What can I do for you ? – My wife and I are going to Boston, | – 有什么事吗? – 我和太太要去波士顿 |
[1:20:18] | Our luggage has been checked through, and I wanna take this bag in the cabin, | 我们的行李都拖运了 我想把这个袋子拿上飞机 |
[1:20:21] | lt exceeds the maximum cabin size for flight requirements, | 它超过飞行规定的客舱尺寸 |
[1:20:24] | lt does look quite a bit too large for the passenger compartment, | 放在客舱里 确实看起来有点太大 |
[1:20:27] | Sir, those are our flight regulations, designed for your comfort and safety, | 先生,我们的飞行规定 是爲您的舒适与安全而设立的 |
[1:20:31] | – I can’t make the trip without it, – You really can’t? | – 没有它,我没办法上机 – 真的没办法? |
[1:20:33] | – Absolutely not, – In that case, I think we can– | – 绝对没办法 – 这样的话,我们可以… |
[1:20:37] | l know it’s past cancellation time, | 我知道取消时间已经过了 |
[1:20:39] | but under the circumstances, I think we might stretch a point, | 但是在这种情形下 我们可以通融的 |
[1:20:43] | We’ll give you full rebate on your tickets, | 我们会全数退还你们的机票 |
[1:20:45] | Wait a minute, I don’t want a rebate, | 等一下,我不要退机票 |
[1:20:47] | Well, sir, I don’t know what else to suggest, | 先生,我不知道还能怎么做 |
[1:20:50] | lt’s close to flight time, There are other passengers waiting, | 接近起飞时间 还有其他乘客在等候 |
[1:20:53] | Perhaps the gentleman’s worried about the contents, | 也许先生是担心袋内的物品 |
[1:20:55] | – We’d be happy to insure it, – We’d be delighted, | – 我们很乐意帮你保险 – 乐意之至 |
[1:20:58] | lf you ‘d give me its estimated value and tell me what’s in it, | 告诉我估计的价值和内容物 |
[1:21:00] | There’s nothing in it, Just personal items, things like that, | 里面没什么东西 只有私人物品之类的 |
[1:21:05] | All right, check it through, | 好吧,那就拖运吧 |
[1:21:08] | Thank you , sir, You ‘ll find the service to your complete satisfaction, | 谢谢先生 你会满意我们的服务的 |
[1:21:11] | …flight 40, the New Englander, | DC- 7航班,从新英格兰 |
[1:21:14] | DC-7 service to Boston at gate eight. | 飞往波士顿的40号班机 在八号候机门 |
[1:21:44] | No, Sebastian, | 不行,赛巴斯俊 |
[1:21:47] | Was we frightened by the airplane? | 我们怕过飞机吗? |
[1:21:49] | We go for trip on nice airplane someday, | 我们有一天要坐大飞机旅行 |
[1:22:12] | Come back here! | 回来这里了 |
[1:22:57] | Mr.Preston, we’ll be announcing boarding– | 普斯顿先生,我们要登机了… |
[1:23:02] | Grimes speaking, What? | 我是葛莱姆,什么? |
[1:23:05] | Oh, you ‘re not serious? | 你说真的吗? |
[1:23:08] | Right out on the runway? | 就在跑道上? |
[1:23:11] | Yes, sir, Right away, | 好的,我马上查 |
[1:23:19] | Wil passenger Preston | 乘客普斯顿 |
[1:23:21] | please report to the American Airlines ticket counter? | 请向美国航空柜台报到 |
[1:23:25] | Wil passenger Preston | 乘客普斯顿 |
[1:23:27] | please report to the American Airlines ticket counter? | 请向美国航空柜台报到 |
[1:23:31] | Taxi! | 计程车了 |
[1:23:55] | Johnny, you ‘ve got to run, | 强尼,快逃吧 |
[1:23:57] | Ah…What’s the difference? | 唉…那又怎么样呢? |