英文名称:The Irishman
年代:2019
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:37] | When I was young, I thought house painters painted houses. | 我年轻的时候 以为刷房子真就是刷房子 |
[01:42] | What did I know? | 我懂什么 |
[01:44] | I was a working guy. | 我当时是个工人 |
[01:46] | A business agent for Teamster Local 107 out of South Philly. | 南费城的卡车司机107号地方工会的工会代表 |
[01:51] | One of a thousand working stiffs… | 千百个工人中的一员 |
[01:57] | until I wasn’t no more. | 直到我不再是了 |
[02:00] | And then… | 然后 |
[02:03] | I started painting houses… | 我开始刷房子 |
[02:06] | myself. | 亲自 |
[02:13] | 他们女儿的婚礼 格蕾丝·安妮·巴法利诺 嫁给 罗伯特·里特 | |
[02:24] | In this particular matter, | 在这件事情上 |
[02:25] | the whole thing was built around the wedding. | 一切都是围绕着婚礼的 |
[02:31] | Bill Bufalino’s daughter was getting married in Detroit. | 比尔·巴法利诺的女儿在底特律结婚 |
[02:34] | Bill was a Teamster lawyer, but more important, | 比尔是卡车司机工会的律师 但更重要的是 |
[02:36] | he was Russell Bufalino’s cousin. | 他是罗素·巴法利诺的表亲 |
[02:40] | Now, Russell didn’t want to fly, | 罗素不想坐飞机 |
[02:42] | so I was gonna drive him to the wedding. | 所以我打算开车送他去参加婚礼 |
[02:46] | He wanted to take care of some business along the way, | 他想顺路处理一些生意上的事情 |
[02:48] | which in Russell’s case meant only one thing: | 对罗素而言 这就意味着一件事 |
[02:52] | Money… collecting it. | 钱 收钱 |
[02:54] | So we’d drive. | 所以我们开车去的 |
[02:55] | Him and his wife Carrie and me and my wife Irene. | 他和他老婆凯丽 以及我和我老婆艾琳 |
[02:59] | Or I call her Reenie. | 我喊她琳妮 |
[03:02] | I figured we would take 476 out of Philly, | 我想着我们走费城外的476号公路 |
[03:06] | and then we go up to Pittston and pick up Russ, | 然后我们到匹兹顿接上罗素 |
[03:08] | which is usually how we did it, | 我们一般都是这么走的 |
[03:10] | and then Interstate 80 West through the rest of Pennsylvania, | 然后沿80号州际公路西段开过宾州 |
[03:15] | and then we’d go across Ohio, all the way to Toledo, | 然后我们横穿俄亥俄州到托莱多 |
[03:19] | and then we would go 75 North to Detroit. | 接着我们沿着75号公路北上底特律 |
[03:26] | It was gonna take about three days | 总共要花三天 |
[03:28] | with all the business breaks and cigarette stops, | 算上所有谈生意以及抽烟的时间 |
[03:31] | since Russell didn’t allow nobody to smoke in the car. | 因为罗素不允许任何人在车里面抽烟 |
[03:34] | He says Jimmy Blue Eyes and Meyer Lansky | 他说蓝眼睛吉米和迈尔·兰斯基 |
[03:37] | convinced him to stop smoking | 说服他戒了烟 |
[03:39] | when they were getting kicked out of their casinos in Cuba | 当时他们从自己在古巴的赌场里被赶了出去 |
[03:42] | and getting shot at by Castro. | 还被卡斯特罗开枪打了 |
[03:44] | I don’t know. It might have been one of those, | 我也说不清楚 也许是那种 |
[03:46] | “Please-God-if-I-ever-get-out- of-this-fucking-thing-alive- | “上帝啊如果我活着度过这一劫 |
[03:49] | I’ll-never-smoke-again things too.” | 我就再也不抽烟了”的情况 |
[03:51] | But I do know that from Castro on, | 但我知道从卡斯特罗那件事开始 |
[03:54] | Russ wouldn’t allow nobody to smoke in his car, | 罗素就再也不许别人在车里抽烟了 |
[03:57] | not even Carrie. | 就连凯丽也不行 |
[04:17] | Can we stop soon? | 能尽快停车吗 |
[04:21] | We’re only in the car two minutes, honey. | 我们刚上车两分钟 亲爱的 |
[04:24] | We’re not even near the highway. | 甚至还没上公路呢 |
[04:25] | I know, Russell. But you don’t like to stop on the highway. | 我知道 罗素 但你不喜欢在公路上停车 |
[04:30] | Well, it’s not that so much. | 也不能这么说 |
[04:31] | They don’t let you stop on the highway. | 是他们不允许你在公路上停车 |
[04:35] | Okay, so then we’ll smoke in the car. | 好吧 那我们就在车里抽吧 |
[04:38] | And what about my cataracts? | 我的白内障怎么办 |
[04:42] | I’ll crack the window. | 我会开窗的 |
[04:46] | Carrie, I made a vow. Remember? | 凯丽 我发过誓的 记得吗 |
[04:49] | Remember I made a vow, Carrie? | 记得我发过誓吗 凯丽 |
[04:51] | Yeah, now I can’t smoke on… | 好吧 这下我不能在… |
[04:53] | All right, and now I can’t smoke. | 行吧 这下我不能抽烟了 |
[05:14] | See where we are? | 看见我们到哪了吗 |
[05:21] | Is… Is that… | 那是… |
[05:24] | What are those odds? | 太巧了吧 |
[06:28] | What’s the problem, kid? | 出什么问题了 小子 |
[06:34] | I don’t… I don’t know. It sounds funny. | 我不知道 感觉车坏了 |
[06:36] | It stops, it starts, it loses power. | 车停了 再启动 就没动力了 |
[06:40] | Let me see if I can give you a hand. | 我看看能不能给你搭把手 |
[06:44] | Let me see. Check all these plugs. | 我看看 检查一下这些塞子 |
[06:48] | Spark plugs are okay. | 火花塞没问题 |
[06:50] | The distributor cap’s okay. | 分电盘盖也没问题 |
[06:52] | Good. | 很好 |
[06:54] | It’s gotta be something with… with this. | 一定是这个…出问题了 |
[06:57] | Timing chain. | 定时链 |
[06:59] | This is what this is. There’s a cap on it. | 就是这么回事 这上面有个塞子 |
[07:02] | This cap is loose. It ain’t supposed to be loose. | 这个塞子松了 不应该松的 |
[07:05] | So that means they’re getting worn out. | 所以这意味着它们已经老化了 |
[07:07] | You just gotta… | 你得… |
[07:09] | Try that now. Tighten it up. | 试试 拧紧它 |
[07:16] | I can drive ’em. I can’t fix ’em. | 我会开车 但不会修车 |
[07:19] | You’re back in business, kid. | 你可以重新上路了 小子 |
[07:21] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[07:24] | – I owe you anything? – No. | -我怎么回报你呢 -不用 |
[07:26] | No, you don’t owe me anything. | 你不用回报我 |
[07:28] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[07:29] | – Frank. – Hey, Frank. How ya doing? | -我叫弗兰克 -你好 弗兰克 |
[07:35] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么 |
[07:39] | Where you from? | 你是哪里人 |
[07:41] | – Philly. – Oh, you’re from Philly. | -费城 -你是费城人啊 |
[07:43] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[07:46] | Where you hang out there? | 在费城你一般去哪玩 |
[07:48] | Callahan’s. | 卡拉汉 |
[07:50] | Bocce Club. | 滚球俱乐部 |
[07:51] | But it’s a bar, it’s not a bocce club. | 但那是个酒吧 不是玩滚球的俱乐部 |
[07:54] | Oh, yeah. You play bocce? | 是嘛 你玩滚球吗 |
[07:56] | Nah. | 不玩 |
[07:58] | All right, Frankie… get that fixed. | 好了 弗兰克 把那玩意修好 |
[08:01] | Because it’ll go again on you, I’m telling you. | 因为它肯定还会掉链子的 我告诉你 |
[08:03] | – Thank you. – All right. | -谢谢 -好了 |
[08:03] | I will. Thanks again. | 我会去修的 再次感谢 |
[08:04] | Good luck, buddy. | 祝你好运 小兄弟 |
[08:08] | I mean, I thought maybe he owned the gas station. | 我以为他是加油站老板 |
[08:11] | ‘Cause he owned something, you could tell. | 因为他一定是个老板 看得出来 |
[08:13] | Yeah, it turns out he owned the whole road. | 结果发现整条路都是他的 |
[08:37] | This one? | 这只吗 |
[08:42] | Salute! Drink up, fellas. | 敬礼 干了 朋友们 |
[08:44] | God bless. | 上帝保佑 |
[08:45] | Let’s go. Let’s go. Let’s make some money today. | 走着 走着 今天一起赚点钱 |
[08:48] | It’s a bar. | 这可是个酒吧 |
[08:50] | Say hello to your wife, huh? | 向你老婆问好 |
[08:52] | I got a way you can earn, to push those hindquarters. | 我有个赚钱的法子 推销那些后腿肉 |
[08:56] | There’s a guy in here, he’ll pay a lot of money for them. | 这里有个人 他会为此出大价钱的 |
[08:58] | Come on, let’s shoot this first and then we’ll talk business. | 来吧 我们先干了再谈生意 |
[09:03] | At the other end of the bar, at twelve o’clock… | 在酒吧的另一头 十二点钟方向… |
[09:05] | You see him? He’s got a rescinding hairline. | 看见他了吗 有点秃的那个 |
[09:07] | Yeah, you’ll make a lot of money with him. | 没错 他能让你赚大钱 |
[09:08] | See him there? Skinny Razor. He owns the place. | 看见他了吗 瘦剃刀 他是这地方的老板 |
[09:11] | Razor? | 剃刀 |
[09:12] | He shylocks and runs a little book out of the joint. | 他放高利贷 还在酒吧开了个赌注站 |
[09:14] | He’s got a lot of good action, good connections. | 他挺能耐的 人脉很广 |
[09:17] | – Razor’s his name? – Yeah, he used to work at a butcher shop. | -他叫剃刀 -是的 他曾经在肉店工作 |
[09:24] | My friend Frank Irish is here. | 我朋友爱尔兰人弗兰克在这里 |
[09:25] | The one I told you about? | 我和你说过的那个 |
[09:29] | – Oh, the truck. – Yeah, hindquarters. | -开卡车的 -对 运后腿肉 |
[09:32] | Frank Sheeran. | 我是弗兰克·希兰 |
[09:35] | You like steak? | 你喜欢牛排吗 |
[09:37] | I do. | 喜欢 |
[09:38] | I deliver steak. | 我送牛排 |
[09:41] | Do ya? | 是吗 |
[09:42] | Good steak. | 上好的牛排 |
[09:43] | I could deliver you steak. | 我可以给你送牛排 |
[09:49] | – Could ya? – I could. | -可以吗 -可以 |
[09:51] | Good price too. The best. | 价格也公道 最低价 |
[09:56] | – We’ll talk later. – Okay. | -我们晚点再聊 -好的 |
[09:57] | Thanks, Skinny. | 谢了 瘦子 |
[10:03] | It’s freezing out there. | 外面冷死了 |
[10:04] | I don’t mind it. | 我不介意 |
[10:06] | Not me. I hate it. | 我不行 我怕冷 |
[10:08] | Hey, do me a favor. When you go outside… | 帮我个忙 你出去的时候… |
[10:11] | put the seal on for me. | 帮我把封条装上 |
[10:15] | – All right. I gotta go out anyway. – I owe you one. | -好吧 反正我得出去 -我欠你个人情 |
[11:23] | There you go, Frank. | 给 弗兰克 |
[11:25] | – See you next time. – All right, Tony. Thanks. | -下次见 -好的 托尼 谢了 |
[11:29] | Much better, Frank. | 好多了 弗兰克 |
[11:31] | I don’t go near Choice. I only do Prime. That’s it. | 我不碰特选级 只运极佳级 |
[11:31] | 美国牛肉分级制度中 极佳级和特选级 分别为最好的前两个等级 | |
[11:34] | Can I get some more for next Tuesday? | 下周二能再给我搞一些来吗 |
[11:37] | How many you want? | 你想要多少 |
[11:40] | At least five. | 至少五块 |
[11:43] | Okay. Five, you got. | 好的 给你五块 |
[11:54] | – Amen. – Amen. | -阿门 -阿门 |
[11:56] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[12:05] | What the fuck is this? | 这他妈是怎么回事 |
[12:08] | Tony, I don’t… | 托尼 我不… |
[12:10] | What the fuck is this, Frank? | 这他妈是怎么回事 弗兰克 |
[12:11] | I don’t… I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[12:13] | I mean… | 我是说… |
[12:14] | I don’t load the truck. | 车不是我装的 |
[12:16] | The loaders are supposed to load the truck. | 是装车的人装的车 |
[12:18] | Maybe they didn’t do their work. I don’t know. | 也许他们没干好自己的活儿 我不知道 |
[12:19] | You didn’t realize you were driving a light horse? | 你没意识到车变轻了吗 |
[12:22] | No. I just… | 没有 我只是… |
[12:23] | Nothing. It felt fine. | 没意识到 感觉挺正常的 |
[12:24] | Oh, come on, Frank. Come on. | 拜托 弗兰克 拜托 |
[12:26] | I’m telling you. I… | 我说的是真的 我… |
[12:29] | God’s truth. I just don’t know what happened. | 千真万确 我真不知道是怎么回事 |
[12:31] | I don’t know. Maybe some… | 我不知道 也许是… |
[12:36] | – It’s empty. – I know it is. | -车是空的 -我知道 |
[12:39] | I know it is. | 我知道 |
[12:41] | What are you guys looking at? Go back to work. | 你们看什么看 回去工作 |
[12:44] | All of youse! | 所有人 |
[12:47] | What am I gonna tell the boss? | 我怎么和老板交待 |
[12:49] | Well, I’m telling you that I don’t know what’s going on. | 我说了我真不知道是怎么回事 |
[12:51] | Just don’t look at me ’cause I, you know… | 别问我 因为我… |
[12:53] | Well, who else can I look at? | 那我还能去问谁 |
[12:54] | This is not gonna be on me, Frank. | 这件事可不能怪在我头上 弗兰克 |
[12:56] | – I’m telling you right now. – Not gonna be on me, | -我都说了 -也怪不到我头上 |
[12:57] | I just drive the truck. That’s all I do. | 我只是开车的 别的什么都没干 |
[12:58] | Okay, Frank Sheeran. Am I saying that right? | 好吧 弗兰克·希兰 是叫这个吗 |
[12:59] | 律师 威廉·E·巴法利诺 | |
[13:01] | Yeah, you said right. | 是的 就是这名字 |
[13:03] | Under the contract, thanks to Jimmy Hoffa… | 根据合同 这得感谢吉米·霍法 |
[13:07] | management can only fire a driver on very specific charges. | 管理层只能在有非常具体的指控时才能开除司机 |
[13:10] | – So, you ever show up late? – No. | -你上班迟到过吗 -没有 |
[13:13] | – Do you have any moving violations? – No. | -有任何交通违规吗 -没有 |
[13:14] | – Do you drink on the job? – No. | -你在工作期间喝酒吗 -不喝 |
[13:16] | You ever hit anybody? | 你打过人吗 |
[13:18] | – On the job? – Yeah. | -在工作期间吗 -对 |
[13:19] | – No. – Okay. | -那没有 -好的 |
[13:21] | What about stealing, that ain’t grounds? | 偷窃不算吗 |
[13:24] | Well… | 这个嘛 |
[13:26] | can they prove it? | 他们能证明吗 |
[13:28] | I don’t think so. | 应该不能 |
[13:29] | All right then, we don’t have nothing to worry about. | 那就没什么好担心的了 |
[13:34] | If they can prove it, | 如果他们能证明 |
[13:36] | they’re just gonna want names from you. Accomplices. | 他们也只是想让你供出其他同伙的名字 |
[13:38] | That’s all. You give them a couple of names, you go home. | 仅此而已 你交代几个名字就能回家了 |
[13:41] | Keep your job. | 还能保住你的工作 |
[13:43] | What do you think about that? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[13:44] | – Would you give them names? – No. | -你会交代名字吗 -不 |
[13:47] | No names. | 没有名字 |
[13:52] | You know, I don’t, uh… | 你知道吧 我并不… |
[13:54] | I don’t care whether you did it or not. | 我并不关心你到底做没做 |
[13:56] | That makes no difference to me. | 对我来说没有区别 |
[13:57] | – Yeah, I know. – I’m here to defend you. Right? | -我知道 -我是来帮你辩护的 对吧 |
[14:00] | Right. | 对 |
[14:06] | What, you want to know if I did it or not? | 怎么 你想知道我到底做没做吗 |
[14:07] | Well… | 这个嘛 |
[14:11] | I’m gonna defend you either way. | 不管怎样我都会替你辩护 |
[14:12] | Yeah, all right, but… | 我知道 只是… |
[14:16] | I, I work hard for them when I ain’t stealing from ’em. | 我没偷他们东西时可是勤勤恳恳工作的 |
[14:22] | Your Honor, if this was about right or wrong, | 法官大人 如果这是是非对错的问题 |
[14:24] | the company would have sought Mr. Sheeran’s dismissal. | 公司应该早就开除希兰先生了 |
[14:27] | They didn’t. | 可他们没有 |
[14:28] | They only accused Mr. Sheeran | 他们指控希兰先生 |
[14:30] | because the company hoped he could name conspirators, | 只是因为公司希望他能指认同伙 |
[14:32] | which he couldn’t do because they don’t exist. | 而他没法指认 因为并不存在什么同伙 |
[14:36] | They don’t exist because he didn’t steal anything. | 不存在同伙是因为他并没有偷东西 |
[14:38] | He didn’t steal anything because he’s an exemplary employee, | 他没偷东西是因为他是个模范员工 |
[14:42] | who in eight years has never taken a day of sick leave. | 工作八年都没请过一天病假 |
[14:46] | The only rule he ever broke is his own union’s, | 他唯一违反过的只有他自己工会的规矩 |
[14:48] | by helping others carry sides of beef from his truck | 在冷死人的大冬天 帮其他人把半扇半扇的牛肉 |
[14:51] | to their refrigerators in the dead of winter. | 从他的卡车上搬进他们的冷藏库里 |
[14:57] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[14:58] | Court is in session. | 现在开庭 |
[15:00] | I’m dismissing this case with a warning. | 我要驳回此案并给予警告 |
[15:03] | Yes, Your Honor. | 好的 法官大人 |
[15:04] | No, no, not you, Mr. Sheeran. | 不 不是警告你 希兰先生 |
[15:06] | You bring another working man before this court | 你们下次要是再把工人告上法庭 |
[15:08] | with threats instead of evidence, | 没有证据而只有威胁 |
[15:10] | believe me, you’ll be sorry. | 相信我 你们会后悔的 |
[15:12] | If I owned stock in this company, I would sell it. | 要是我持有这家公司的股份 我一定赶紧卖了 |
[15:15] | I don’t know how he did it, and I ain’t gonna ask. | 我不知道他怎么做到的 我也不会问 |
[15:18] | All I know is that Bill Bufalino got me out of | 我只知道比尔·巴法利诺帮我摆脱了一件 |
[15:21] | a case where I should never have gotten away with it. | 我原本绝无可能脱身的案子 |
[15:24] | I should’ve been down for the count. | 我本该彻底败诉的 |
[15:25] | People are gonna appreciate what you did today, Frank. | 人们会感谢你今天的所作所为 弗兰克 |
[15:28] | You know, they got families, they got kids. | 他们有家人 有孩子 |
[15:32] | They need those jobs. | 他们需要这些工作 |
[15:35] | Instead, we went out celebrating… | 然而 我们却在外庆祝 |
[15:37] | Russell! | 罗素 |
[15:37] | …and I met what was gonna turn out to be | 而我则就此走上了 |
[15:40] | the rest of my life. | 余生的道路 |
[15:41] | You know, I thought that was you walking in outside. | 我就觉得刚进来的人是你 |
[15:43] | Yeah, yeah, you know, this is our place. | 当然了 这可是我们的地盘 |
[15:45] | Can I introduce you to this new guy Frank? | 我给你介绍个叫弗兰克的新人吧 |
[15:48] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. | 当然 好的 |
[15:49] | Frank, I want you to meet my cousin Russell Bufalino. | 弗兰克 来见见我的表兄罗素·巴法利诺 |
[15:51] | – How are ya? – Hi, nice to meet you. | -你好啊 -你好 幸会 |
[15:53] | You helped me with my truck a couple of months ago. | 几个月前你帮我修过我的卡车 |
[15:55] | Oh, yeah, yeah, that’s right. The timing chain. | 没错 想起来了 定时链坏了 |
[15:58] | – Yeah. – Did you get it fixed? | -对 -你找人修了吗 |
[15:59] | – I fixed it the next day, yeah. – Attaboy. | -我第二天就找人修了 -好样的 |
[16:01] | – Thanks again. – Oh, you’re welcome. | -再次感谢你 -不客气 |
[16:03] | My pleasure. I’m glad you fixed it. | 我的荣幸 你修好了就好 |
[16:11] | You better watch. | 你最好注意点 |
[16:12] | There’s a lot of tough guys around here. Did he tell ya? | 这里有很多不好惹的家伙 他跟你说了吗 |
[16:15] | You’re not afraid of tough guys, are ya? | 你并不怕不好惹的家伙 是吧 |
[16:17] | No. | 对 |
[16:18] | I didn’t think so. I’ll see you around. | 我想也是 回见 |
[16:20] | – Okay. – Thanks, Russell. | -好的 -谢了 罗素 |
[16:22] | Your cousin saved my ass. | 你表兄之前帮了我大忙 |
[16:24] | I could’ve lost the whole load. | 不然我可能会损失一整车的货 |
[16:25] | Yeah, yeah. Well, he knows everything about trucks, really. | 是啊 他非常了解卡车 |
[16:28] | Yeah, he worked at Canada Dry for a long time. | 他在汽水公司干过很长时间 |
[16:30] | – Vito, how are you? – Pleasure. | -维托 你好吗 -幸会 |
[16:31] | I think, uh… Let’s take the booth. | 我们去坐卡座吧 |
[16:33] | Come on. You’re gonna love this. | 来吧 你会喜欢这里的 |
[16:34] | Maybe I didn’t know who Russell Bufalino was back then, | 也许我当时还不知道罗素·巴法利诺是谁 |
[16:38] | but I’d seen enough pictures and stories in the newspapers | 但我在报纸上看过无数照片和报道 |
[16:41] | to know he was eatin’ with Angelo Bruno. | 足以知道当时跟他一起吃饭的是安吉洛·布鲁诺 |
[16:43] | I mean, Bruno, he… he was just made | 布鲁诺当时刚成为 |
[16:46] | the new boss of Philadelphia. | 费城的新任老大 |
[16:48] | He took care of everything from Philadelphia to Atlantic City. | 从费城到大西洋城的一切都由他负责 |
[16:51] | That, I knew. | 这点我是知道的 |
[16:55] | 安吉洛·布鲁诺 1980年在自家门外的自家车里 头部中枪而亡 | |
[17:00] | And that was all I had to know | 而我当时只需知道这些 |
[17:02] | to know that Russell Bufalino | 就能知道罗素·巴法利诺 |
[17:03] | was no truck mechanic from Canada Dry. | 绝不是汽水公司的卡车维修工 |
[17:11] | This bread is very good. | 这面包真棒 |
[17:14] | – Good, eh? – Yeah. | -好吃吧 -好吃 |
[17:17] | Where did an Irisher like you learn to speak Italian? | 你这样的爱尔兰人是在哪学的意大利语 |
[17:21] | In Italy – the war. | 在意大利 二战的时候 |
[17:24] | Where? | 意大利哪里 |
[17:26] | Salerno. | 萨莱诺 |
[17:28] | Anzio. | 安齐奥 |
[17:31] | Sicily… | 西西里岛 |
[17:32] | around Catania. | 卡塔尼亚附近 |
[17:33] | Catania? I’m from Catania. | 卡塔尼亚 我就是卡塔尼亚人 |
[17:36] | Yeah? I thought you had an accent like Catania. | 是吗 我就觉得你有点卡塔尼亚口音 |
[17:43] | How long were you in the war? | 你参战了多久 |
[17:46] | Four years. | 四年 |
[17:48] | 411 days in combat… | 411天在战场上 |
[17:51] | 122 at Anzio. | 122天在安齐奥 |
[17:54] | Forty-fifth Infantry. | 45步兵团的 |
[17:57] | Minchia. | 我的天 |
[17:59] | – Yeah. – Minchia. | -是啊 -天啊 |
[18:00] | Yeah. | 对的 |
[18:03] | Were you afraid of dying? | 你当时怕死吗 |
[18:07] | Always afraid. | 一直很怕 |
[18:09] | And don’t let anybody tell you that they weren’t afraid. | 要是有人说他不怕可千万别信 |
[18:13] | – That’s a lot of bullshit. You know? – Yeah. | -那纯属胡扯 知道吗 -是啊 |
[18:15] | Everybody’s afraid. And you pray a lot. | 人人都很害怕 而且会经常祈祷 |
[18:18] | I prayed a lot. | 我就经常祈祷 |
[18:19] | I prayed that I’d never sin again as long as I live | 我祈祷说 要是能活着离开 |
[18:22] | if I could just get out of here. | 我这辈子一定再也不沾染罪恶 |
[18:25] | But then the fighting starts | 但紧接着战斗就开始了 |
[18:26] | and then you forget about everything. | 你就把一切都忘了 |
[18:29] | You’re just trying to survive, stay alive. | 你只想活下来 保住小命 |
[18:33] | Once I saw that I was getting through the war, | 当我明白自己撑过了战争时 |
[18:36] | I looked around me, I said… | 我看了看自己的周围 说… |
[18:39] | I said, “From now on, whatever happens, happens.” | 我说 “从现在起 一切顺其自然” |
[18:43] | Che successe successe. Fuck it. | 听天由命 去他的 |
[18:46] | You know, you got orders, you follow them. | 你懂的 你接到命令就得奉命行事 |
[18:49] | They tell you to bring some prisoners into… into the woods, | 他们让你带几个俘虏去树林里 |
[18:52] | you know, and they don’t tell you what to do… | 他们并不会告诉你该怎么做 |
[18:56] | But they just say, you know, “Hurry up.” | 他们只说 “动作快点” |
[19:02] | It’s crazy, but I never understood | 说来疯狂 但我一直不能理解 |
[19:04] | how they would just keep digging | 他们怎么会乖乖听话 |
[19:07] | their own graves, you know. I mean… | 挖自己的坟墓 |
[19:08] | Stop! | 停 |
[19:10] | Raus! | 上来 |
[19:15] | Well, I mean, maybe they thought if they did a good job, | 可能他们觉得如果干得好 |
[19:19] | the guy with the gun | 那个拿枪的人 |
[19:21] | would change his mind. | 就会改变主意 |
[19:39] | Russell, he… he took a shine to me right away. | 罗素 他立刻就对我有了好感 |
[19:43] | After a while, | 不久之后 |
[19:45] | he started giving me little things to do. | 他就开始给我分派些小任务了 |
[19:49] | But then Angelo himself, | 不过那时候 安吉洛本人 |
[19:51] | he started giving me little things to do too. | 也开始交给我一些小任务了 |
[19:57] | Russ’s wife, Carrie, | 罗素的老婆 凯丽 |
[19:59] | her family goes all the way back, way, way back | 她的家族很久很久以前 |
[20:01] | to the same town in Sicily as the Bufalinos. | 在西西里岛跟巴法利诺家族是一个镇上的 |
[20:05] | They talked about it all the time. | 他们总会谈论这事 |
[20:07] | She came from mob royalty, if you want to call it that. | 她来自黑帮中的皇室 可以这么说 |
[20:11] | The Sciandras. To them, it was like they came over on the… | 希安德拉家族 对他们来说 就好像他们是早期 |
[20:15] | the Italian Mayflower. | 乘坐意大利五月花号来到美国的 |
[20:15] | 五月花号是英国移民驶往北美的 一艘最为著名的船只 | |
[20:44] | Why don’t you go upstairs, wash up. | 你上楼去吧 清洗一下 |
[20:48] | Give me those clothes. I’ll get rid of them. | 衣服给我 我去处理 |
[20:54] | Don’t forget your shoes, Russell. | 别忘了脱鞋 罗素 |
[21:05] | Hey, Frank, | 弗兰克 |
[21:07] | can we stop soon? | 能尽快停车吗 |
[21:08] | Yeah, yeah, well, ask your husband. Russell? | 问问你老公吧 罗素 |
[21:13] | He’s out cold. | 他都睡死了 |
[21:24] | No, no, I got it. | 不用 我能行 |
[21:25] | – Sure? – Yeah. | -能行吗 -行 |
[21:33] | Where are we? | 我们到哪了 |
[21:34] | We’re close to Lewisburg. | 快到路易斯堡了 |
[21:37] | Let me know when we get there. Remind me. | 到了告诉我 提醒我一下 |
[21:38] | – I got some stops to make. – Okay. | -我有几个地方要去 -好的 |
[21:52] | Russell had a piece of everything. | 罗素的生意无所不包 |
[21:58] | He had this store in Pittston called Penn Drape & Curtains. | 他在皮茨顿有家店叫佩恩布帘店 |
[22:02] | And he ran everything out of there. | 他在那里经营着一切生意 |
[22:04] | Who knew what it all was? | 谁知道都有些什么 |
[22:06] | I mean, I’m sure the man had partners. | 他肯定有合伙人 |
[22:08] | They always have partners. | 这种人总是有合伙人的 |
[22:10] | Nobody keeps all the money. | 没人能独占所有钱财 |
[22:13] | But everybody listened to Russ. That I can tell you. | 但人人都听罗素的 这点我能确定 |
[22:16] | You wanted to bribe a judge, you asked Russell. | 你想贿赂一个法官 先问问罗素 |
[22:20] | You didn’t know how much to bribe him, | 你不知道该贿赂法官多少钱 |
[22:22] | Russell was gonna tell you. | 罗素会告诉你 |
[22:24] | All right, all right. I’ll be right there. | 好 行 我马上就去 |
[22:28] | Come on. I’ll take care of it. Don’t worry about it. | 来吧 交给我就行 别担心 |
[22:30] | You want to promote one of your guys, | 你想提拔一个手下 |
[22:32] | Russ would tell you you could or you could not. | 罗素会告诉你行或不行 |
[22:35] | Do me a favor. | 帮我个忙 |
[22:36] | Go with Steve down to his place. Take Vito with you. | 跟史蒂夫去他那 带上维托 |
[22:39] | And just hang around for a while. | 在那边逗留一会 |
[22:40] | These guys keep coming around, so straighten them out. | 有几个家伙一直来找麻烦 摆平他们 |
[22:43] | – I’ll take care of it, Russ. – Okay. | -我会处理的 罗素 -好的 |
[22:44] | – Thank you. – No problem. | -谢谢 -不客气 |
[22:45] | Where’s… Oh, here you are. | 那谁…你在这里 |
[22:46] | I’m right here. | 我在这里 |
[22:47] | You want to make somebody disappear, | 你想让某人消失 |
[22:49] | you got to get Russell’s permission. | 你得争得罗素的同意 |
[22:51] | You know, no two ways about it. | 没有第二条路 |
[22:53] | – No, I wasn’t worried. – I didn’t think so. | -不 我一点都不担心 -我想也是 |
[22:56] | – Tell your father I said “Hi.” – I’ll tell him. Thanks. | -帮我给你父亲带个好 -我会的 谢谢 |
[22:59] | What are you doing here? I just told Bruno. | 你怎么还在这里 我刚跟布鲁诺说了 |
[23:00] | You gotta go with Bruno. | 你得跟布鲁诺一起去 |
[23:01] | – Oh, yeah. Yeah, I’m on my way. – Yeah. Take care. | -好的 我马上去 -去吧 小心 |
[23:03] | And when you did something for Russ, | 而当你为罗素办事时 |
[23:05] | you did it yourself. | 你得亲力亲为 |
[23:07] | Like Russ used to say… | 正如罗素常说的 |
[23:09] | When I ask somebody to take care of something for me, | 我让人替我去处理事情的时候 |
[23:11] | I expect them to take care of it themselves. | 我希望他们能亲自处理 |
[23:13] | I don’t need two roads coming back to me. | 我不需要几个人处理同一件事 |
[24:20] | 阿尔伯特·安纳斯塔夏 黑手党”谋杀集团”首领 1957年死于纽约一家理发店 | |
[24:20] | When Anastasia got killed in the barbershop, | 安纳斯塔夏在理发店被杀时 |
[24:23] | it was Russell they brought in to calm things down, | 罗素被请出来安定人心 |
[24:26] | so that everybody wasn’t just going around killing everybody | 好让大家不要大开杀戒 |
[24:29] | and it could all get straightened out. | 并把事情摆平 |
[24:32] | We know what happened. | 我们知道出了什么事 |
[24:34] | We can’t change it. It is what it is. | 我们也无能为力 木已成舟 |
[24:36] | Please tell my friend I’m happy to help. | 请转告我的朋友 我很乐意帮忙 |
[24:39] | You’d never know it by looking at this guy, | 光看外表你永远猜不到他的身份 |
[24:42] | but all roads led back to Russ. | 但条条大路通罗素 |
[24:52] | Where’s the money? | 钱在哪里 |
[24:54] | – He don’t have it. – He don’t have it? | -他没有 -他没有 |
[24:56] | He said something about his mother… | 他说了点他妈妈的事… |
[24:58] | Stop. Don’t tell me. | 停 别跟我说 |
[24:59] | Let me guess. | 让我猜猜 |
[25:01] | His mother died and the funeral set him back. | 他妈死了 然后葬礼花了他一大笔钱 |
[25:03] | – Yeah? – Yeah. Exactly. Exactly. | -是不是 -对 完全正确 |
[25:06] | His fucking mother’s… | 他该死的老娘 |
[25:07] | fucking dying over and over for the last ten years. | 在过去十年死了又死 |
[25:12] | What do I do? | 我要怎么办 |
[25:13] | Don’t leave. | 留在这里 |
[25:27] | Here. | 拿着 |
[25:28] | Just show it to him. Don’t use it. | 给他看看 别用 |
[25:49] | Look. | 看 |
[25:50] | Hey, Frank. | 弗兰克 |
[25:53] | Skinny wants to see you. You get in the car. | 瘦子想见你 上车 |
[25:55] | – I was just gonna go see him. – Get in the fucking car. | -我正要去见他 -快上车 |
[25:58] | – I was just gonna… – Get in the fucking car! | -我正要… -上车 |
[26:00] | – I was just gonna go see him! – Yeah, don’t get cute with me. | -我正要去见他 -别跟我耍滑头 |
[26:02] | You give me that bullshit about your mother. | 你跟我扯了那堆你妈死了的屁话 |
[26:03] | Get in the fucking car! | 赶紧上车 |
[26:04] | Frank, I swear to God, I was just gonna… | 弗兰克 我对天发誓 我正要… |
[26:05] | Get in the fucking car! | 给我上车 |
[26:12] | You want to get cute with me? | 想跟我耍滑头 |
[26:13] | All that fucking bullshit about your mother | 扯了一堆你妈病了死了 |
[26:15] | and sick and all that and dying. | 之类的鬼话 |
[26:17] | I swear, I was just gonna go see him. | 我发誓我正要去见他 |
[26:19] | I swear to God, I was gonna come see you tomorrow. | 我对天发誓 我本来打算明天来见你的 |
[26:21] | – Tomorrow? – Tomorrow. I swear to God. | -明天 -明天 我对天发誓 |
[26:23] | Tomorrow. Here. | 明天 来这里 |
[26:24] | – What time? – What time do you want me? | -什么时间 -你要我什么时候来 |
[26:26] | One o’clock? I’ll be here at 1:00. | 一点如何 我一点来 |
[26:27] | One o’clock? What, are you sleeping in? | 一点 怎么 你还要睡懒觉吗 |
[26:29] | You tell me. | 你说个时间 |
[26:31] | Ten o’clock. Here. | 十点 到这里 |
[26:33] | – Ten o’clock. – Tomorrow. | -十点 -明天 |
[26:33] | Tomorrow. | 明天 |
[26:34] | Swear on your mother. Swear on your mother! | 用你妈发誓 用你妈发誓 |
[26:37] | – Swear on your mother! – I swear on my mother! | -用你妈发誓 -我以我妈发誓 |
[26:39] | I swear on my mother! | 我以我妈发誓 |
[26:40] | What time you gonna be here tomorrow? | 你明天什么时间到这里 |
[26:41] | – I’ll be here at ten o’clock. – Ten o’clock? | -我十点就到 -十点 |
[26:43] | – Tomorrow. – Yeah. | -明天 -好 |
[26:44] | – Here. – Yeah. Yeah. | -到这里 -好的 |
[26:45] | I’ll bring you the money tomorrow. The whole thing. | 我明天就把钱带来 一分不少 |
[26:47] | Get him out of here. | 把他丢出去 |
[26:49] | Get out of here. Get out of here. | 出去 出去 |
[26:51] | – I swear to God, I’ll be here. – Get out of here. | -我对天发誓我会来的 -出去 |
[26:52] | How am I supposed to get home? | 我要怎么回家 |
[26:53] | – Get out of here. – Take the fucking bus! | -出去 -搭公交 |
[26:58] | Let his mother pick him up. | 让他妈来接他 |
[27:10] | What’s the matter with her? | 她怎么了 |
[27:12] | Nothing. She knocked something over | 没什么 她在杂货店碰翻了点东西 |
[27:13] | at the grocery store and made a mess, | 把地上弄得一团糟 |
[27:16] | – and the grocer yelled at her. – He yelled at her? | -店主就吼了她 -吼了她 |
[27:18] | Yeah, and he shoved her. | 对 然后推了她 |
[27:19] | He shoved her? | 他推了她 |
[27:22] | Yeah. | 对 |
[27:23] | Did he shove you? | 他推你了吗 |
[27:25] | Who was this? The guy at the store? | 他叫什么 杂货店的那个家伙 |
[27:27] | The grocery store on the corner? Joe? | 拐角那个杂货店吗 乔吗 |
[27:32] | Did he? | 他推了吗 |
[27:34] | Honey, did he shove you? | 宝贝 他推你了吗 |
[27:37] | Just answer me. Did he push you? | 回话 他推你了吗 |
[27:39] | Did he shove you? Whatever it is, did he do that? | 他推你了吗 不论如何 他推了吗 |
[27:42] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[27:46] | Frank. | 弗兰克 |
[27:47] | Frank, he didn’t mean it, the man. It just happened. | 弗兰克 那人不是故意的 只是意外 |
[27:50] | What do you mean, he didn’t mean it? | 什么意思 什么叫他不是故意的 |
[27:51] | He touched her. What, are you kidding me? | 他碰了她 你在说笑吗 |
[27:52] | He has no right to push her. Touch her. | 他无权推她 碰她 |
[27:54] | Not even put one pinky on her. | 碰她一下都不行 |
[28:03] | That’s him, right? | 就是他吧 |
[28:05] | Stay here. Stay here. | 你留在这里 留在这里 |
[28:10] | Frank, I’m sorry, but your kid was out of line. | 弗兰克 我很抱歉 但你女儿犯了错 |
[28:12] | – I only did what… – You touched my daughter? | -我只做了 -你碰了我女儿吗 |
[28:20] | God, I’m sorry. | 天啊 对不起 |
[28:22] | No. Please. No, no, Frank. | 不 求你 不 弗兰克 |
[28:23] | Frank, please, please, please. No. | 弗兰克 求你了 不 |
[28:33] | No, no, Frank! No! | 不 弗兰克 不 |
[28:38] | – Take that, you motherfucker! – No! Come on! | -受着吧 你这混蛋 -不 别这样 |
[28:43] | Oh, my fucking hand. My fucking hand! | 我的手 我的手 |
[29:13] | Dolores. | 多洛莉丝 |
[29:22] | – Amen. – Amen. | -阿门 -阿门 |
[29:24] | Russell and Carrie baptized our new daughter, Dolores. | 罗素和凯丽为我们刚出生的女儿多洛莉丝施了洗礼 |
[29:27] | It was a wonderful occasion, and we were honored. | 场面很棒 我们都很荣幸 |
[29:32] | Everybody showed up. | 大家都来了 |
[29:33] | – Amen. – Amen. | -阿门 -阿门 |
[29:54] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[29:54] | – Amen. – Amen. | -阿门 -阿门 |
[29:55] | The only thing is, | 唯一的问题是 |
[29:57] | you got more kids, you gotta earn more money. | 孩子多了 要赚的钱也多了 |
[30:02] | You wanna make a quick ten grand? | 你想赚一万块的快钱吗 |
[30:05] | Whispers DiTullio. Not the Whispers | 悄悄话迪图里奥 不是那个 |
[30:07] | they blew up in that car around the same time. | 差不多同一时间在车里被炸死的悄悄话 |
[30:11] | This was the other Whispers. | 这是另一个悄悄话 |
[30:12] | The good one who knew how to make money. | 这个会赚钱的好悄悄话 |
[30:15] | I got this place I front money to. | 我把借钱借给了一家店 |
[30:17] | It’s a good business. Really good business. | 这家店生意很好 真的很好 |
[30:19] | It’s a laundry. | 是一家洗衣店 |
[30:20] | What they do is, they collect the linen, towels, | 他们的业务是从大西洋城的 |
[30:23] | sheets and everything from | 各种大小酒店饭店 |
[30:24] | all the hotels and restaurants in Atlantic City. | 收布制品 毛巾床单之类的 |
[30:27] | They wash it, they iron it. | 清洗并熨烫 |
[30:28] | Normally, it’s like a license to print fucking money. | 正常情况下 赚钱就跟印钞一样容易 |
[30:32] | Until recently. | 但最近情况有变 |
[30:33] | There’s this other company that opened up down in Delaware. | 特拉华出现了一家公司 |
[30:36] | They’re trying to put us out of business. | 他们想把我们挤走 |
[30:39] | They’re cutting their prices. They’re scaring our drivers. | 他们降价 恐吓我们的司机 |
[30:42] | They’re trying to take our customers from us. | 抢我们的客户 |
[30:45] | To tell you the truth, I’m a little concerned. | 说实话 我有点担忧 |
[30:48] | Whenever anybody says they’re a little concerned, | 别人说他们有点担心 |
[30:51] | they’re very concerned. | 说明他们特别担心 |
[30:53] | As a matter of fact, | 其实 |
[30:55] | I’m really more than a little concerned. | 我担心得不止一点 |
[30:57] | And when they say they’re more than a little concerned, | 他们说自己不止是一点点担心 |
[31:00] | they’re desperate. | 说明他们已经绝望了 |
[31:02] | I want this fucking place bombed, | 我想把他们的公司炸了 |
[31:04] | burnt, torched, whatever the fuck you have to do. | 烧了 焚了 你怎么整都行 |
[31:06] | You were in the war. You know what to do. | 你打过仗 你知道该怎么办 |
[31:08] | Leave that fucking place like you left Berlin. | 你们怎么对柏林就怎么对那地方 |
[31:11] | Burnt to the fucking ground. | 把那里夷为平地 |
[31:13] | I want them out of fucking business. | 我要让他们倒闭 |
[31:15] | Who… who are they? | 他们是谁 |
[31:16] | It’s the Cadillac Linen Service in Delaware. | 特拉华的典范布品服务公司 |
[31:20] | It’s run by a bunch of Jews. | 一群犹太人开的 |
[31:23] | Let them collect their insurance, | 让他们拿他们的保险赔偿 |
[31:24] | which I’m sure they have plenty, | 他们肯定投了不少保险 |
[31:26] | and leave this fucking other place alone, | 然后滚出这里 |
[31:28] | the one I’m involved in. | 别碰我的地盘 |
[31:31] | – This ain’t ten grand. – It’s two grand. | -这可不是一万 -这里有两千 |
[31:33] | When you put these Jew fucking washerwomen out of business, | 你让那些该死的犹太洗衣妇失业之后 |
[31:36] | then you get the rest of your money. | 我就把剩下的钱给你 |
[31:39] | The reason I’m a little short on the money right now, | 我之所以现在手头有点紧 |
[31:41] | I don’t wanna go to Skinny, | 是因为我不想找瘦子 |
[31:43] | I don’t wanna ask anybody when they’re gonna charge me a vig, | 我不想找那些放高利贷的 |
[31:45] | and I’m gonna be paying them forever. | 因为那样我就得还一辈子债 |
[31:47] | I’m getting the money somewhere else. | 我要从别的地方弄钱 |
[31:50] | And nobody has to know. | 别人不必知道 |
[31:51] | Especially not Skinny | 特别是瘦子 |
[31:52] | because I’m not getting the money from him. | 因为我不找他借钱 |
[31:56] | And I see you look a little hesitant. | 你看起来有点犹豫 |
[31:58] | Believe me, I know what you can do. | 相信我 我知道你的能耐 |
[32:00] | If I stiff you on the money, | 要是我少付了你的钱 |
[32:02] | you’re gonna do something terrible to me. | 你肯定会让我没有好下场 |
[32:04] | I do not want that. | 我不想要那样 |
[32:18] | I hit the number. | 我中彩票了 |
[32:20] | It’s about 1,500. | 奖金大概有一千五 |
[32:22] | I’ll see you in a few hours. | 我几个小时后回来 |
[34:06] | Frank. | 弗兰克 |
[34:09] | Angelo wants to see you. | 安吉洛想见你 |
[34:12] | – Now? – Yeah, now is good. | -现在吗 -对 就现在 |
[34:15] | What’s it about? | 什么事 |
[34:16] | I don’t know. Come on. I’ll drive you. | 我不知道 来吧 我开车送你 |
[34:52] | Sit down, Frank. | 坐吧 弗兰克 |
[35:05] | What’re you doing in Delaware? | 你去特拉华做什么 |
[35:14] | Bombing out a laundry place. | 炸一家洗衣店 |
[35:22] | I was just doing a job to make some extra money. | 我就是赚点外快 |
[35:28] | Putting this place out of action. | 让那家店没法经营 |
[35:31] | Putting this… putting this place out of commission. | 让那家店倒闭 |
[35:36] | For who? | 谁让你干的 |
[35:48] | Now is not the time to not say. | 现在可不是保持沉默的时候 |
[35:55] | Whispers. | 悄悄话 |
[35:57] | The other Whispers. | 另一个悄悄话 |
[36:02] | You know who owns the Cadillac Linen Service? | 你知道典范布品服务公司的老板是谁吗 |
[36:06] | Some Jews in the laundry business. | 做洗衣行业的犹太人 |
[36:08] | – That’s what they told me. – They own a part of it. | -雇主是这么说的 -他们只占部分股份 |
[36:11] | Somebody else got an interest in that. | 还有人是老板 |
[36:13] | – You know who? – No. | -你知道是谁吗 -不 |
[36:14] | I do. | 我知道 |
[36:15] | – Who? – No. I do. | -是谁 -不 是我 |
[36:18] | I own the other part. | 其他的股份是我的 |
[36:20] | Not I know somebody who owns the other part. | 而不是我认识持有剩余股份的人 |
[36:27] | Angelo, I didn’t know you had any part of it. | 安吉洛 我不知道你有这家公司的股份 |
[36:29] | I would never have done what I did | 我要是知道的话 |
[36:31] | if I knew you were involved. I didn’t know. | 是绝对不会那么做的 我不知道 |
[36:33] | I would never, never do that against you. | 我绝不会对你做这种事 |
[36:36] | Whispers didn’t tell you it was Jew mob? | 悄悄话没说老板是犹太黑帮吗 |
[36:37] | No, he said Jew washerwomen. | 没有 他说是犹太洗衣妇 |
[36:42] | Jew washerwomen. | 犹太洗衣妇 |
[36:45] | What else he say? | 他还说了什么 |
[36:47] | I bet he said keep it to yourself. | 我猜他让你保密 |
[36:49] | Don’t say nothing to nobody Downtown. | 别跟城里其他人透露一个字 |
[36:55] | He did. | 的确 |
[37:01] | I didn’t check. | 我没核实 |
[37:03] | I’m sorry. I should’ve checked. | 对不起 我应该先核实一下的 |
[37:05] | – Can I give him his money back? – He won’t need it. | -我能把钱退给他吗 -他用不着了 |
[37:07] | You can keep it. | 你留着吧 |
[37:09] | I… I don’t want no trouble. | 我不想惹麻烦 |
[37:10] | I’ll just give it back to him and I’m okay. | 我把钱退给他吧 我没关系 |
[37:13] | He won’t need it. | 他用不着了 |
[37:19] | Okay. Thanks. | 好吧 谢谢 |
[37:21] | Thank Russell. | 谢罗素吧 |
[37:22] | I wouldn’t have wasted my time. | 我本来不想浪费时间 |
[37:24] | I’d have let the Jew mob have you. | 打算让犹太黑帮找你算账 |
[37:29] | You got a good friend here. | 你这个朋友真没得说 |
[37:31] | You don’t know how good a friend you got. | 你不知道他多仗义 |
[37:34] | – I… I know. – No, you don’t know. | -我知道 -不 你不知道 |
[37:39] | Wait by the bar, would you? | 去吧台那等着吧 |
[37:58] | In a case like this, | 像这种情况 |
[37:59] | the best thing to do is you use something brand new. | 最好的办法就是用全新的家伙 |
[38:02] | Right out of the box. | 刚开箱的 |
[38:04] | Otherwise, you don’t know where it’s been. | 否则 你不知道它在哪里被用过 |
[38:06] | You don’t know who’s used it, | 或被谁用过 |
[38:08] | what crime it was connected to. | 跟什么案子有关联 |
[38:10] | That’s suicide. | 那无异于找死 |
[38:12] | So I recommend something new, straight out of the… the box. | 所以我推荐用全新的 刚开箱的 |
[38:16] | Stone cold. Clean. | 冰冷 干净 |
[38:22] | There you are. | 你来了 |
[38:23] | I didn’t know which way you were coming from. | 我不知道你会从哪边过来 |
[38:25] | I didn’t know which way you were… | 我不知道你从哪边… |
[38:33] | Naturally, the next thing you wanna do | 当然 下一步就是 |
[38:34] | is throw the thing away. You wanna get rid of it. | 把家伙扔掉 你得毁灭证据 |
[38:39] | There’s a spot in the Schuylkill River everybody uses. | 大家都扔在斯古吉尔河的一个地方 |
[38:43] | If they ever send divers down there, | 如果派人潜到河底 |
[38:45] | they’d be able to arm a small country. | 找到的武器够武装一个小国家了 |
[39:11] | For me, everything changed after Whispers. | 对我来说 杀死悄悄话后 一切都变了 |
[39:19] | It was like the army. | 这就像在军队 |
[39:22] | You followed orders. | 你服从命令 |
[39:25] | You did the right thing. | 听吩咐做事 |
[39:27] | You got rewarded. | 就会得到相应的奖赏 |
[39:30] | And when I handled things for Russell, | 我替罗素做事 |
[39:33] | it was never for money, | 从来都不是为钱 |
[39:35] | but as a show of respect. | 而是为了表达尊重 |
[39:37] | When you ran a little errand, you did a little favor, | 你给他跑跑腿 帮帮忙 |
[39:39] | you got a little favor back if you ever needed it. | 当你需要帮忙的时候 他也还你人情 |
[39:42] | And you always hurried back. | 你总是会需要帮忙的 |
[39:44] | – Phil, how you doing? – How are you? | -菲尔 你好啊 -你好 |
[39:46] | 菲尔·泰斯塔 1981年3月15日于自家门廊被一枚钉子炸弹炸死 | |
[39:52] | How you doing, Frank? | 你好 弗兰克 |
[39:54] | 弗兰克·辛德文 1980年10月29日身中三枪死于巷子内 | |
[40:03] | Thank you, Vito. | 谢谢 维托 |
[40:07] | – Hi. Frank. – Hi. | -你好 弗兰克 -你好 |
[40:09] | What can I get for you? | 你要来点什么吗 |
[40:11] | I’m just gonna get the wine now. | 先给我上杯酒吧 |
[40:15] | Okay. | 好的 |
[40:16] | Just call me if you need anything. | 有需要尽管叫我 |
[40:18] | I will. | 好的 |
[40:24] | – Help yourself, Frank. – Thanks. | -慢用 弗兰克 -谢谢 |
[40:27] | Things change. | 情况变了 |
[40:33] | – She’s the new one, right? – Yeah. | -她是新来的吧 -对 |
[40:36] | A nice kid. Nice kid. | 她是个好姑娘 好姑娘 |
[40:39] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[40:48] | No time is a good time to leave your wife, | 什么时候都不应该离开你的妻子 |
[40:52] | but that’s when I left mine. | 但我就是那时候离开妻子的 |
[41:02] | 阿德斯里埃克斯汽车旅馆 授权人签字 | |
[41:04] | Ira, what’s going on? | 埃拉 最近还好吗 |
[41:05] | – Good. All well? – Yes. | -挺好的 你呢 -我也是 |
[41:09] | – Any problems? – No. Everything’s good. | -有遇到什么麻烦吗 -没有 一切顺利 |
[41:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[41:14] | Right after this Caddy, pull over. | 就停在这辆凯迪拉克后面 |
[41:17] | There it is. Fair Furriers. | 到了 美丽皮草店 |
[41:22] | He’s expecting you. | 他在等你 |
[41:49] | Phil, you got a nice shop here. | 菲尔 你的店真不错 |
[41:52] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[41:53] | People like to come to this store. | 人们喜欢来这里逛 |
[41:55] | But your kid is a real sfigato. | 但你儿子真是个瘪三 |
[41:57] | You understand? He’s a pain in the ass. | 明白吗 他很讨人厌 |
[42:00] | He’s a wild kid. You gotta learn to control him. | 他太野了 你得管管他 |
[42:02] | And if you don’t, | 如果你不管 |
[42:03] | nobody’s gonna want to shop here anymore. | 就再也没人想来这里逛了 |
[42:06] | If it’s not good for you, it’s not good for me. | 如果你的生意不好 对我也没有好处 |
[42:10] | You understand what I’m saying. | 你明白我的意思吧 |
[42:13] | I want to apologize, Russell, for the aggravation. | 罗素 他给你惹麻烦了 我向你道歉 |
[42:14] | This is from Russell and I. That’s from you and Frank. | 这份是我和罗素送的 那份是你和弗兰克送的 |
[42:17] | This one’ll be from you and me. | 这个是我们俩送的 |
[42:19] | Well, what about a baby spoon? | 要不送把宝宝汤匙吧 |
[42:21] | What’s she gonna do with a baby spoon? | 她要宝宝汤匙有什么用 |
[42:23] | – They’re not even married. – Have a baby. | -他们还没结婚 -生个孩子就能用了 |
[42:24] | They’re not even married yet. | 他们都还没结婚呢 |
[42:26] | I give you my word, Russ. | 我向你保证 罗素 |
[42:27] | – All right. Your word’s good, Phil. – Thank you. | -好的 你的话我信 菲尔 -谢谢 |
[42:30] | Okay, let’s go, girls. | 好了 我们走吧 女士们 |
[42:31] | – Okay, we’re done? – Yes, we’re done. | -完事了 -是的 弄完了 |
[42:34] | What are you doing? | 你在搞什么 |
[42:37] | – When the hell are you gonna wise up, huh? – What? | -你什么时候才能机灵点 -什么 |
[42:52] | There we go. That’s my girl. | 好样的 不愧是我女儿 |
[42:55] | Oh, my God! | 天呐 |
[43:02] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[43:07] | Peggy. | 佩琪 |
[43:10] | Come over here. | 过来一下 |
[43:15] | I don’t know. I don’t… | 我说不好 我… |
[43:17] | I get the feeling she don’t like me. | 我感觉她不喜欢我 |
[43:19] | – Like she’s afraid of me. – No, no. | -她好像有点怕我 -不 不是的 |
[43:20] | That’s the way she is. | 她就是这样 |
[43:22] | She’s afraid of me at times too. | 有时她也会怕我 |
[43:23] | So, uh, it’s just she’s a sensitive kid, | 她就是有点敏感 |
[43:26] | but that’s all it is. | 敏感而已 |
[43:27] | I can understand her being afraid of me, | 我能理解她怕我 |
[43:28] | but she shouldn’t be scared of you, Frank. | 但是她不应该怕你 弗兰克 |
[43:30] | No, well… | 是 |
[43:31] | And then she hears about me in the papers sometimes… | 有时她会在报纸上看到关于我的报道 |
[43:33] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -是啊 |
[43:35] | You gotta be close to your kids, Frank. | 你要跟自己的孩子亲一点 弗兰克 |
[43:37] | I am. I am. | 我们很亲近 |
[43:38] | You’re blessed to have them. | 有孩子是你的福分 |
[43:39] | I mean, Carrie and I can’t have kids. I told you. | 凯丽和我没有小孩 我跟你说过 |
[43:41] | But you’re blessed. You’re blessed. | 你真是有福气 有福气 |
[43:44] | Call her. Call her. Tell her to come over. | 叫她一下 叫她过来 |
[43:46] | Sweetheart. Peggy. Come here. | 佩琪宝贝 过来 |
[43:48] | Come here. | 过来 |
[43:55] | – Come here. – Come over by Uncle Russ. | -过来 -到罗素伯伯这里来 |
[43:58] | – How are you? – Good. | -你好吗 -挺好的 |
[44:00] | Do you know why God made the sky so high? | 你知道为什么上帝会把天空造这么高吗 |
[44:05] | No. | 不知道 |
[44:06] | So that the little birdies don’t bunk their head on it | 这样小鸟在天上飞的时候 |
[44:09] | when they’re flying around. | 才不会碰到头啊 |
[44:12] | Isn’t that cute? | 可爱吧 |
[44:13] | A little joke. | 这是一个小笑话 |
[44:15] | Isn’t that funny? | 不好笑吗 |
[44:16] | You want some candy or something? | 你要吃点糖果什么的吗 |
[44:19] | No. | 不用了 |
[44:19] | No, you guys don’t want any candy. | 不 你们不想吃糖 |
[44:23] | There’s nothing I could do for you? | 需要我为你做点什么吗 |
[44:25] | No. | 不用了 |
[44:26] | Well, if there is, you let Uncle Russell know. | 需要的话你要告诉罗素伯伯 |
[44:29] | Okay. | 好 |
[44:30] | Go back. Have some fun. | 回去玩吧 |
[44:34] | You see what I mean? | 知道我什么意思了吗 |
[44:35] | You see that feeling I get? | 明白我的感觉了吗 |
[44:37] | She’s just… She’s shy, that’s all. | 她就是 腼腆而已 |
[44:39] | She… She don’t mean nothing. | 她没有恶意 |
[44:41] | Sometimes, when the parents get divorced, | 有时候 父母离婚了 |
[44:44] | the kids get all confused, and then they get resentful | 孩子们就会迷茫 然后他们会充满恨意 |
[44:47] | and they don’t know who to take it out on, | 不知道该向谁发泄 |
[44:48] | or, you know, which side, or… | 或是站哪边 |
[44:50] | No, you’re right. | 不 你说得对 |
[44:51] | I’m lucky in that way because | 但是这一点我很幸运 |
[44:53] | Reenie and Mary, they get along like gangbusters, | 因为琳妮和玛丽相处得很好 |
[44:57] | so the kids go back and forth with no problem. | 孩子们轮流在两家住 没什么问题 |
[44:59] | Keep your family close. Keep an eye on that. | 要把家人留在身边 留意这一点 |
[45:01] | Anyway, I’m just telling you, you know. | 我就是提醒你一下 |
[45:03] | I mean, I’m… I’m just lucky. | 我想我就是运气好 |
[45:06] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[45:10] | How’s it going with the union? | 工会的工作怎么样 |
[45:12] | The union’s the best in the world. | 工会是世界上最好的 |
[45:14] | – You like it, huh? – Yeah, well, it’s just… | -你喜欢 -是啊 只是… |
[45:15] | I mean, I wish I had something more steady, but… | 我想要找个稳定点的工作 不过 |
[45:19] | Yeah, it’s… | 就是有些 |
[45:20] | – How about organizing? – Yeah. | -管理怎么样 -好啊 |
[45:22] | – I would like to do that. But… – Yeah? | -我想干那个 可是 -怎么 |
[45:24] | there’s a long line. | 很多人都等着呢 |
[45:26] | – A long waiting list, if you will. – Yeah. | -换句话说 等候名单很长 -是 |
[45:29] | Well, a friend of ours is having a little trouble. | 我们的一个朋友遇到了一点麻烦 |
[45:32] | – Friend at the top. – Who’s that? | -高层的朋友 -谁啊 |
[45:36] | The top. | 高层 |
[45:37] | Hoffa? | 霍法 |
[45:39] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[45:40] | I heard the other day | 之前我听说 |
[45:42] | that some guys tried to pipe him | 有人要用水管揍他 |
[45:44] | – because of a workman’s comp case. – Yeah. | -因为一个工人的赔偿问题 -是的 |
[45:46] | Yeah, I heard he beat the shit out of them. | 听说他把他们打得落花流水 |
[45:49] | Yeah, but how long is he gonna keep doing that? | 是 可他那样能撑多久呢 |
[45:51] | Things are gonna keep happening. | 总有这事儿那事儿 |
[45:52] | He needs somebody he can trust around him. | 他身边需要一个可靠的人 |
[45:54] | Somebody to be with him all the time. | 一个可以一直跟着他的人 |
[45:56] | Yeah. | 是 |
[46:01] | Let me put McGee on the phone. | 我让麦基接电话 |
[46:05] | Hello. | 喂 |
[46:07] | Hiya, my friend. How are you? | 我的朋友 你好吗 |
[46:09] | Listen, I got that kid I was talking to you about here. | 我找来了我跟你说过的那个年轻人 |
[46:12] | I’m gonna put him on the phone, let you talk to him, okay? | 我让他接电话 你跟他说 好吗 |
[46:16] | All right. | 好的 |
[46:19] | Hello. | 你好 |
[46:20] | – Is that Frank? – Yes. | -是弗兰克吧 -是我 |
[46:22] | Hiya, Frank. This is Jimmy Hoffa. | 弗兰克你好 我是吉米·霍法 |
[46:24] | Yeah, yeah. Glad to meet you. | 你好 很高兴认识你 |
[46:26] | Well, glad to meet you, too, even if it’s over the phone. | 我也很高兴认识你 虽然是在电话上 |
[46:30] | I heard you paint houses. | 听说你刷房子 |
[46:33] | Yes. Yes, sir, I… I do. I do. | 是的 先生 是的 |
[46:35] | And I, uh… | 我还 |
[46:37] | I also do my own carpentry. | 自己做木工 |
[46:39] | I’m glad to hear that. | 很高兴你这么说 |
[46:41] | I understand you’re a brother of mine. | 听说你是工会的兄弟 |
[46:43] | Yes, sir. Local 107. Since 1947. | 是的 先生 从1947年就在107号地方工会了 |
[46:46] | Yeah! You know, uh, | 是吧 |
[46:48] | our friend speaks very highly of you. | 我们的朋友对你评价非常高 |
[46:50] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[46:52] | – He’s not an easy man to please. – Well, I do my best. | -他这个人要求可不低 -我尽力而为 |
[46:56] | Well, you know, there’s a situation… | 有这么个情况 |
[46:58] | Nowadays, young people, they don’t know who Jimmy Hoffa was. | 如今 年轻人不知道吉米·霍法是谁 |
[47:02] | They don’t have a clue. | 他们完全没概念 |
[47:04] | I mean, maybe they know that he disappeared or something, | 他们可能知道他消失了什么的 |
[47:07] | but that’s about it. | 但仅此而已 |
[47:09] | But back then, there wasn’t nobody in this country | 可在当时 全国上下 |
[47:12] | who didn’t know who Jimmy Hoffa was. | 没人不知道吉米·霍法是谁 |
[47:14] | God bless, Jimmy. | 上帝保佑 吉米 |
[47:15] | Everything you’ve done, you’re a real gentleman. | 你做的一切 你是个真正的绅士 |
[47:17] | That’s good. | 很好 |
[47:18] | In the ’50s, he was as big as Elvis. | 50年代的时候 他和猫王一样受欢迎 |
[47:22] | In the ’60s, he was like the Beatles. | 60年代的时候 他和披头士一样受欢迎 |
[47:25] | Next to the president, | 除了总统以外 |
[47:26] | he was like the most powerful man in the country. Bar none. | 他是国内最有权力的人 无人可及 |
[47:29] | If you got it, | 你如果买东西 |
[47:31] | a truck brought it to you. | 卡车会把东西送过去 |
[47:35] | If you got your food, your clothing, | 如果你买食物 衣服 |
[47:38] | your medicine, if you got fuel for your homes, | 药物 家用燃料 |
[47:41] | fuel for your industries, | 工业用燃料 |
[47:44] | a truck brought it to them! | 卡车会把东西送去给他们 |
[47:48] | The day our trucks stop, | 我们卡车停下的那天 |
[47:51] | America stops! | 就是美国停下的那天 |
[47:55] | Well, there’s a situation going on now, Frank, | 现在出了点状况 弗兰克 |
[47:58] | that needs to be attended to. | 需要处理 |
[48:00] | You know, they’re trying to tear the union apart. | 他们想分裂工会 |
[48:03] | Big business and the government working together, | 大公司和政府联手 |
[48:05] | trying to pull us down. | 想要拉我们下马 |
[48:05] | Big business is on the attack! | 大公司在进攻 |
[48:08] | They’re coming! They’re coming hard | 他们来了 来势汹汹 |
[48:10] | and they’re coming fast! | 长驱直入 |
[48:12] | Big business and the government | 大公司和政府 |
[48:14] | are trying to sow the seeds of dissent among our ranks, | 想要在我们的阶层里埋下异议的种子 |
[48:18] | at a time when we need unity! | 而此时我们正需要联合 |
[48:21] | We need solidarity! | 我们需要团结 |
[48:24] | I want to write it in the sky. | 我想把这话写在空中 |
[48:27] | Solidarity! | 团结 |
[48:29] | Solidarity! | 团结 |
[48:32] | Solidarity! | 团结 |
[48:34] | You wanna be a part of this fight? | 你想加入这场战斗吗 |
[48:36] | Yes, I do, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[48:37] | Would you like to be a part of this history? | 你想成为这历史的一部分吗 |
[48:40] | Yes, I would. | 是的 我想 |
[48:42] | Whatever you need me to do, I’m available. | 无论你需要我做什么 我都随叫随到 |
[48:44] | Can you come to Chicago tomorrow? | 你明天能来芝加哥吗 |
[48:46] | Yes, I can, sir. | 可以 先生 |
[48:48] | All right, then. See you then. | 那好 到时见 |
[48:54] | – He likes to talk, don’t he? – Yeah. | -他喜欢说话 对吗 -是的 |
[49:01] | Thought I was talking to General Patton. | 还以为我是在跟巴顿将军说话 |
[49:08] | You know, Frank, the only reason why you’re here, | 弗兰克 你过来的唯一原因是 |
[49:11] | the Seafarers Union, they’re signing up | 海员工会 他们想和我们一样 |
[49:13] | the same non-union cab drivers | 签约非工会的 |
[49:16] | as we want to do. | 出租车司机 |
[49:18] | Nobody knows who you are | 没人知道你是谁 |
[49:20] | and nobody knows what the fuck you’re doing here. Okay? | 没人知道你在这做什么 好吗 |
[49:23] | – Yeah. – You and I know why you’re here. | -嗯 -只有你我知道你为何来此 |
[49:25] | We gotta be able to sign these drivers up | 我们得签约这些司机 |
[49:28] | so Paul Hall doesn’t get ’em for his fucking union. | 这样保罗·霍尔的工会就签约不了他们 |
[49:31] | For some reason, lesbians. | 不知为何 女同性恋 |
[49:33] | Most of these drivers are fucking lesbians. | 这些司机大多都是该死的女同性恋 |
[49:35] | I have no reason why. | 我不知道为什么 |
[49:37] | Paul Hall’s running around | 保罗·霍尔四处宣传 |
[49:39] | saying that he’s gonna get a better contract | 说他可以比我们的哥们吉米 |
[49:41] | than our boy fucking Jimmy. | 提供一份更好的合同 |
[49:43] | He’s a cocksucker. Yeah. | 他就是个狗杂种 |
[49:45] | Jimmy has Mayor fucking Daley in his pocket. | 吉米收买了戴利市长 |
[49:49] | The cops are okay with whatever the fuck we do. | 我们做什么警察都不会管 |
[49:52] | They’re not gonna help us push these cars in, | 他们不会帮我们把车推下水 |
[49:54] | but they certainly are not gonna let anybody fucking stop us. | 但他们也绝对不会让任何人阻止我们 |
[49:57] | Okay? | 懂吗 |
[50:18] | Come on! All of you guys. Come on! | 用力 大伙儿用力 |
[50:21] | Let’s get this fucking thing in there. Watch yourself! | 把车子推下去 小心点 |
[50:26] | This is a lot of work. | 太费劲了 |
[50:27] | Yeah, you ever think of using candy? | 你有想过用糖果吗 |
[50:29] | – What? – Candy. | -什么 -糖果 |
[50:31] | What the fuck is candy? | 糖果是什么鬼 |
[50:38] | Hey, Lou, open the fucking gate. | 卢 把门打开 |
[50:40] | I got it. I got it. | 知道 知道 |
[50:41] | Here, you take the gas. | 来 你把汽油拿着 |
[51:00] | Frank, there’s one thing about Jimmy. | 弗兰克 吉米有个特点 |
[51:02] | Don’t ever make him wait. | 他不喜欢等人 |
[51:04] | If you make a meeting with him, you get there on time. | 如果你和他约好见面 你一定要准时到场 |
[51:07] | Better yet, get there early. | 最好是提前到 |
[51:08] | I can’t stress this enough. | 我必须强调这一点 |
[51:09] | His problem is that time is of essence. | 他觉得时间很可贵 |
[51:13] | And that’s the important thing. | 这是最重要的 |
[51:15] | I gotta tell you one more thing. Jimmy doesn’t drink. | 我还要跟你说件事 吉米不喝酒 |
[51:18] | Yeah. The head of the largest trucking union in the world, | 是的 世界上最大的货运工会的老大 |
[51:20] | he don’t drink. | 他不喝酒 |
[51:21] | The worst part about it is, | 这事最糟的地方在于 |
[51:23] | he doesn’t allow anybody to drink around him. | 他不允许别人在他身边喝酒 |
[51:30] | Another thing about him, | 还有件事 |
[51:32] | Jimmy hates fucking watermelon. | 吉米讨厌西瓜 |
[51:37] | But we’re gonna like watermelon. | 但我们喜欢西瓜 |
[51:40] | Jimmy, you shoulda seen it, | 吉米 你当时真该去看看 |
[51:41] | sinking in the water. | 慢慢沉下水 |
[51:44] | One by one. I bet you, when they woke up the next morning, | 一辆接一辆 我敢打赌 等他们隔天醒来 |
[51:47] | those fucking cab drivers, | 那些该死的出租车司机 |
[51:49] | they went to look for their cabs, | 他们去找自己的出租车 |
[51:51] | they didn’t know what the fuck hit ’em. | 他们根本不知道发生了什么 |
[51:53] | That’s a great idea, Joey. | 真是个好主意 乔伊 |
[51:55] | Great idea. | 好主意 |
[51:56] | Well, it wasn’t my idea. | 不是我想出来的 |
[51:59] | My man Frank. It was his idea. | 我哥们弗兰克 是他的主意 |
[52:01] | Let me tell you something. | 我跟你说 |
[52:03] | Frank hit that pier, he took over the pier. | 弗兰克去了码头 他接管了码头 |
[52:06] | Whatever he told them to do, whatever he said, | 不管他叫他们做什么 不管他说什么 |
[52:08] | they did it, you know. | 他们都照做 |
[52:10] | I never seen a guy walk through a crowd like he does. | 我从没见过任何人像他那样穿过人群 |
[52:14] | He doesn’t touch a fucking person! | 他一个人都不碰 |
[52:15] | Everybody gets out of the way. | 所有人都自觉让路 |
[52:17] | I’m not kidding you. I swear. | 我没开玩笑 我发誓 |
[52:18] | Guys he never met in his life. You know, it was like… | 那些人和他素不相识 就像 |
[52:21] | like Moses. Remember Moses? | 就像摩西 记得摩西吗 |
[52:23] | When he walked into the ocean, the sea, | 他走进海洋还是大海 |
[52:25] | whatever the fuck it was, and it opened up! | 不管是什么 水面就分开了 |
[52:27] | That’s him. I’m telling you. Jimmy, he’s got it. | 就是他 相信我 吉米 他有那能力 |
[52:30] | So, what do you think? | 你觉得如何 |
[52:31] | You need him a couple of days more? | 你还需要他在这待几天吗 |
[52:33] | Yeah, we gotta clear up a few dribs and drabs. | 是的 我们还有一些零碎的事要处理 |
[52:38] | You guys sure like watermelon. | 你们真喜欢西瓜啊 |
[52:41] | Want a bite? | 想吃一口吗 |
[52:42] | Not on your life. | 决不 |
[52:45] | You were there. You saw it firsthand. | 你当时在场 你亲眼看到了 |
[52:47] | Those guys ain’t union. | 那些人不是工会 |
[52:50] | They’re like Nazi collaborators, operating behind the lines. | 他们就像是纳粹同谋 在战场后方行动 |
[52:54] | – You know. You were in the war. – I sure do. | -你懂的 你打过仗 -没错 |
[52:57] | In a war, you go from point A to point B. | 在战争期间 你从一个地方转移到另一个地方 |
[53:02] | Sometimes, | 有时候 |
[53:04] | you spill a little beer along the way. | 你会在路上洒一些啤酒 |
[53:09] | That philosophy make sense to you? | 你觉得这哲学有道理吗 |
[53:11] | Sure does. | 当然 |
[53:13] | Good. | 很好 |
[53:31] | Jimmy, he didn’t make me stay in his suite | 吉米 他不是因为喜欢我 |
[53:33] | because he liked me. | 而让我住他的套房 |
[53:35] | He made me stay with him because he didn’t want me | 他让我跟他一起住是因为他不想让我 |
[53:37] | registering in my name at the hotel. | 用我的名字在酒店登记 |
[53:41] | This way, there was no proof I was even in Chicago. | 这样 就没有证据证明我去过芝加哥 |
[53:53] | Come on, Jimmy, you’re way behind. | 加油 吉米 你落后好多 |
[53:56] | Nothing stops her. | 什么都阻止不了她 |
[53:57] | After Chicago, Jimmy and I got close. | 芝加哥那事之后 我和吉米走得更近了 |
[54:00] | The wives hit it off. | 老婆们也相处得很融洽 |
[54:02] | And with Jimmy and Josephine’s kids | 因为吉米和约瑟芬的孩子 |
[54:04] | mostly grown up and out of the house, | 大多已成年 离开了家 |
[54:06] | they got a kick out of our kids too. | 他们从我们孩子身上也获得不少乐趣 |
[54:07] | Jimmy, Peggy, let’s get a picture. | 吉米 佩琪 来拍张照 |
[54:09] | Oh. Yes. Come on. | 好 快来 |
[54:10] | Especially Peggy. | 尤其是佩琪 |
[54:12] | She and Jimmy, they fell for each other right away. | 她和吉米 他们一下就喜欢上了对方 |
[54:16] | You know what I like even better than getting my picture took? | 你知道比起拍照我更喜欢什么吗 |
[54:19] | What? | 什么 |
[54:23] | Surprise! | 惊喜吧 |
[54:25] | Peggy! | 佩琪 |
[54:25] | To Peggy, Jimmy wasn’t like Russ, | 对佩琪来说 吉米不像罗素 |
[54:28] | or Skinny or even me. | 不像瘦子也不像我 |
[54:30] | Sorry, everybody. This is just for Peggy and I. | 抱歉各位 这是买给我和佩琪的 |
[54:33] | For one thing, Jimmy didn’t have a nickname | 一方面 吉米没有绰号 |
[54:35] | like “The Razor,” Or “The Hunchback,” | 比如”剃刀”或者”钟楼怪人” |
[54:37] | or “The Weasel,” Or “Whispers.” | 或者”黄鼠狼”亦或者”悄悄话” |
[54:40] | So what happened to “Thank you”? | 怎么不说谢谢 |
[54:42] | Thank you! | 谢谢 |
[54:43] | And also, to her, he was helping people. | 还有 对她来说 他是在帮助人 |
[54:46] | He was helping them make more money, live better lives. | 他在帮他们赚更多钱 过得更好 |
[54:49] | He wasn’t stomping on somebody’s hand. | 他没有踩别人的手 |
[54:53] | “‘If you have it, a truck brought it to you.” | “如果你买东西 卡车会把东西送过去” |
[54:56] | This is what Mr. Hoffa says. | 这是霍法先生说的 |
[54:58] | He’s the president of the Teamsters Union | 他是卡车司机工会的主席 |
[55:00] | with over a million members. | 成员超过一百万 |
[55:02] | They all support him because they have steady jobs, | 他们都支持他因为他们有稳定的工作 |
[55:05] | great pay and a pension for when they retire. | 丰厚的薪水以及退休后的养老金 |
[55:09] | The Teamster Pension Fund | 卡车司机养老基金 |
[55:11] | had eight billion dollars in it. | 有八十亿美元 |
[55:13] | And Jimmy had complete control over every bit of it. | 全部都由吉米控制 |
[55:17] | Isn’t this a beautiful presentation? | 这模型是不是很美 |
[55:19] | I mean, a bridge loan is really all I’m asking, Jimmy. | 我只想要一笔过渡性贷款 吉米 |
[55:22] | I’m not gonna piss away my members’ pension dough | 我不会把工会成员的养老金 |
[55:25] | on something too risky. | 投资在风险过大的项目上 |
[55:26] | This is not a risk, Jimmy. | 这没有风险 吉米 |
[55:28] | I got Minsky’s Follies. | 《明斯基的荒唐事》这个节目是我的 |
[55:31] | I got the first topless act on the Strip. | 赌城大道第一个露乳舞女秀是我的 |
[55:33] | I’m telling you, we’re booming in there. | 相信我 我们在那的生意可好了 |
[55:35] | I can’t get the drinks out… | 酒都卖不过来… |
[55:36] | Just asking for a golf course. | 我就想要建一个高尔夫球场 |
[55:37] | You know you never lost a dime with me. | 你知道我从未让你损失一分钱 |
[55:39] | Jimmy, we’d really just appreciate | 吉米 我们会很感激 |
[55:41] | whatever you could do to help Jake along here. | 你帮杰克做的事的 |
[55:43] | One-five is all I need for a completion bond. | 我只需要150万的完工保证金 |
[55:48] | Okay. Okay. Go to the bank. | 好吧 去拿钱吧 |
[55:51] | Thank you. It’s gonna be a big success. | 谢谢 这个项目会大获成功的 |
[55:53] | Thank you, Jimmy. You’re a prince. | 谢谢你 吉米 你是王子 |
[55:55] | – You’re a mensch. – Yeah, I’m a mensch. | -你是好人 -是的 我是好人 |
[56:05] | And, because of Mr. Hoffa, | 多亏了霍法先生 |
[56:07] | workers have medical insurance for when they get sick, | 工人生病时有医疗保险 |
[56:10] | and know when they retire, they’re not going to go hungry. | 他们知道退休后 不会挨饿 |
[56:16] | There was so much paperwork back then | 当时有太多的文书工作 |
[56:18] | that Jimmy had to use an insurance company | 吉米只能用一个叫艾伦·多夫曼的年轻人开的 |
[56:20] | that was run by this kid, Allen Dorfman, to work out the loans. | 一家保险公司来处理贷款 |
[56:23] | No, no, nothing for nothing. | 不 一分钱都不借 |
[56:25] | Next time, try asking a little bit fucking nicer. | 下次 试试口气好一点 |
[56:27] | 艾伦·多夫曼 1979年 在芝加哥的一处停车场头中八枪身亡 | |
[56:32] | And? And? How’d it go? | 然后呢 进展如何 |
[56:34] | It was a little touch and go for a little bit. | 情况一度很危急 |
[56:37] | – But at the end, fine. – Good. | -但是最后还是顺利达成了 -很好 |
[56:39] | It was Russ who got Jimmy | 是罗素让吉米 |
[56:40] | to give guys like Gottlieb the loans, | 给戈特利布这样的人贷款 |
[56:42] | and, you know, he would get like 10% of that. | 他能分到一成 |
[56:45] | Or whatever, you know. Maybe more. | 我也不知道 也许更多 |
[56:47] | Listen, you tell Marteduzzo from me that I appreciate it. | 听着 你告诉马尔特杜佐我很感激 |
[56:51] | And everybody’s gonna appreciate it. | 人人都会感激 |
[56:52] | It’s a good thing. | 这是好事 |
[56:53] | Okay. I’ll do that. | 行 我会的 |
[56:54] | Back then, you couldn’t go to regular banks | 那时 你不能去普通银行 |
[56:56] | because the money was for gambling. | 因为钱是用来赌博的 |
[56:58] | God’s truth, that’s what it was. I’m serious. You couldn’t. | 千真万确 就是这样 我没开玩笑 不能去 |
[57:01] | So the Mob, what did they do? | 所以黑手党 他们怎么办呢 |
[57:03] | They went to the Teamsters for the money. | 他们找卡车司机工会贷款 |
[57:04] | It was the Teamsters that stepped in | 是卡车司机工会介入其中 |
[57:06] | and lent the money that built Las Vegas. | 他们借出的钱打造了拉斯维加斯 |
[57:09] | – This is the mahogany… – Don’t, Billy. | -这是红木 -别 比利 |
[57:10] | – Don’t touch the stuff. – I won’t. | -别碰 -我不碰 |
[57:11] | – Just go where you gotta go. – Okay. | -该上哪去上哪去 -好 |
[57:13] | There was more business than anybody could handle. | 当时的生意多得让人应接不暇 |
[57:16] | So Jimmy had to shove some of the deals | 所以吉米把一些生意 |
[57:18] | off on to his wife Jo, | 塞给了他老婆约 |
[57:20] | who had no idea she had 22% | 她完全不知道 |
[57:22] | of a Florida land deal | 她拥有一个叫”太阳谷”的 |
[57:23] | called “Sun Valley,” | 佛州土地交易公司22%的股份 |
[57:25] | some charter fishing boats, | 几艘包租渔船 |
[57:26] | and a ski lodge with its own mountain. | 以及一个带私家雪山的滑雪度假屋 |
[57:34] | One of Jimmy’s clients was Sam “Momo” Giancana, | 吉米有个客户叫山姆·詹卡纳 绰号”莫莫” |
[57:37] | who was friends with the Kennedys from back | 他和肯尼迪家族是世交 |
[57:39] | when Jack’s father made his fortune with the Italians | 这两家自约翰·肯尼迪的父亲在禁酒令期间走私酒 |
[57:42] | as a bootlegger during Prohibition. | 和意大利人一起赚大钱时就认识了 |
[57:44] | 露希尔·亨特 刘易斯·康宁汉姆 玛丽昂·希克斯 德妮思·鲍威尔 艾米特·伍兹 | |
[57:44] | Momo, Sinatra hung out together with the Kennedys. | 莫莫和辛纳屈跟肯尼迪家族混 |
[57:49] | Momo and Kennedy, | 莫莫和肯尼迪 |
[57:51] | believe it or not, even had the same girlfriend. | 不管你信不信 甚至有同一个女友 |
[57:53] | Together. At the same time. | 在同一时期 |
[57:56] | Talk about crazy. | 真是太疯狂了 |
[57:58] | So it was easy for the Mob to help Joe Kennedy | 所以对黑手党来说 帮助乔·肯尼迪 |
[58:00] | get his son elected president. That was easy. | 让他儿子当选总统很容易 非常容易 |
[58:03] | They just punched up the vote a little | 他们操控了选票 |
[58:05] | to make sure that he won in Illinois. | 确保他在伊利诺伊州胜出 |
[58:11] | In exchange for that, | 作为交换 |
[58:13] | the new president was supposedly gonna get Castro out of Cuba | 新上台的总统要把卡斯特罗从古巴赶下台 |
[58:16] | so our guys could get their casinos back, | 这样我们的人就能拿回他们的赌场 |
[58:19] | and race tracks, and shrimp boats, | 赛马场 捕虾船 |
[58:21] | and everything else that they had, | 以及他们在哈瓦那 |
[58:22] | and owned down there from Havana back. | 曾拥有的一切 |
[58:25] | But that… that didn’t happen. | 不过那事没成 |
[58:34] | The Italians wanted Kennedy the Irishman for president, | 意大利人想让爱尔兰人肯尼迪当总统 |
[58:38] | and that’s what they got. | 他们如愿了 |
[58:42] | Get used to it, because we’re gonna be seeing it 24/7. | 习惯吧 因为以后我们每时每刻都得看到了 |
[58:45] | Son of a bitch! | 狗娘养的 |
[58:46] | Goddamn Kennedys. | 该死的肯尼迪家族 |
[58:48] | I’m looking at the goddamn Kennedys. | 我在看该死的肯尼迪家族 |
[58:49] | Jimmy, the kids. Language. | 吉米 孩子们都在呢 注意言辞 |
[58:51] | What difference does it make? | 有什么差别 |
[58:53] | I mean, they gotta learn sooner or later. | 他们迟早都要学会的 |
[58:55] | We’re going to war with these people. | 我们要和这些人开战 |
[58:57] | War! | 开战 |
[58:59] | If I said it once, I said it a thousand times, | 我已经说了无数次了 |
[59:01] | I don’t care they’re Irish. | 我不在乎他们是不是爱尔兰人 |
[59:03] | I don’t care they’re Catholic. | 我不在乎他们是不是天主教徒 |
[59:05] | If there’s one person you can’t trust in this life, | 如果要说这辈子有谁你不能信 |
[59:08] | it’s millionaires’ kids. | 那就是百万富翁的孩子 |
[59:10] | You’re right, Jimmy. | 你说得对 吉米 |
[59:12] | Especially that little son of a bitch. | 尤其是那个小杂种 |
[59:17] | Are you saying you don’t remember | 你是说你不记得 |
[59:18] | doing any favors for Johnny Dio, | 你帮过约翰尼·迪奥吗 |
[59:20] | or you don’t remember the conversation? | 还是说你不记得你们的对话 |
[59:23] | I’m saying, to the best of my recollection, | 我是说 我已经尽力回忆了 |
[59:27] | I must recall on my memory, | 根据我的回忆 |
[59:30] | I cannot remember. | 我想不起来了 |
[59:34] | Then where did this $20,000 come from? | 那这两万块是哪来的 |
[59:39] | Individuals. | 个人的 |
[59:41] | Which individuals, Mr. Hoffa? | 哪些个人 霍法先生 |
[59:45] | Off hand, that particular amount of money I borrowed, | 未经核查的情况下 这笔我借的钱 |
[59:50] | I don’t know at this particular moment. | 我目前也想不起是找谁借的 |
[59:53] | But the record of my loans, which I requested, I have, | 但是根据我取得的贷款记录 |
[59:58] | and out of all the moneys I loaned | 在这段时间内 |
[1:00:01] | during this period of time I went into these ventures. | 我贷款的所有钱 都投资给了这些企业 |
[1:00:11] | Those goddamn Kennedys, | 该死的肯尼迪家族 |
[1:00:12] | they get what they want! | 他们总是得偿所愿 |
[1:00:14] | Jimmy. Jimmy, the kids. | 吉米 吉米 孩子们在呢 |
[1:00:15] | Him and all the bullshit problems | 他已经让我 |
[1:00:17] | – he put me through already. – Jimmy. | -处处受制 -吉米 |
[1:00:18] | I gotta go. You don’t expect me to look at this. | 我得走了 别指望我看这个 |
[1:00:21] | No, I don’t. | 我不指望 |
[1:00:23] | For guys like Russ, | 对罗素这样的人来说 |
[1:00:24] | it couldn’t have been better. | 那最好不过了 |
[1:00:26] | I mean, Russ, | 我是说 罗素 |
[1:00:28] | oh, yeah, he did his part for getting Kennedy elected, | 肯尼迪当选他也有出力 |
[1:00:31] | that’s for sure. | 这点毫无疑问 |
[1:00:32] | What are you doing? I told you to put it… | 你在做什么 我叫你把它… |
[1:00:33] | I told you to put them on every pole. | 我叫你贴到所有杆子上 |
[1:00:35] | You’re still walking around. | 你还在这瞎转 |
[1:00:36] | So what’s the first thing | 所以约翰·肯尼迪 |
[1:00:37] | that Jack Kennedy does to thank Chicago for all their help? | 为了感谢芝加哥的帮助做的第一件事是什么 |
[1:00:41] | He puts his shitass brother in there, | 他让他的垃圾弟弟上位了 |
[1:00:43] | that little prep school punk, | 那个预科学校混蛋 |
[1:00:44] | and he winds up making him attorney general. | 他让他成了司法部长 |
[1:00:50] | And what’s the first thing Bobby does? | 鲍比上任后做的第一件事是什么 |
[1:00:52] | He goes after not just Jimmy, | 他不仅对付吉米 |
[1:00:54] | which in a way you could understand. | 从某种程度上讲 你也能理解 |
[1:00:57] | I mean, Jimmy hated the Kennedys so much | 吉米无比厌恶肯尼迪家族 |
[1:00:58] | he gave Nixon $500,000 in Teamster cash. | 以至于他从工会拿了五十万给尼克松 |
[1:01:01] | But Bobby also goes after Giancana, | 但鲍比还去对付詹卡纳 |
[1:01:04] | Marcello, Trafficante, and all the other guys | 马切洛 特拉菲坎特 以及其他所有 |
[1:01:07] | who put his brother in the White House in the first place. | 当初帮他哥哥入住白宫的人 |
[1:01:13] | What’s that about? | 那是在干什么 |
[1:01:14] | Frank. | 弗兰克 |
[1:01:16] | – Thank you. – Merry Christmas. | -谢谢 -圣诞快乐 |
[1:01:17] | Am I missing something? | 我是漏掉了什么吗 |
[1:01:19] | Thank you, Carrie. | 谢谢你 凯丽 |
[1:01:24] | – That’s gorgeous. – Beautiful. | -太漂亮了 -真美 |
[1:01:27] | Wear it in the best of health. We love you. | 戴着它健健康康 我们爱你 |
[1:01:30] | Okay, now this one is for Peggy | 这是给佩琪的 |
[1:01:33] | from Uncle Russell. Merry Christmas, my love. | 罗素伯伯送的 圣诞快乐 亲爱的 |
[1:01:36] | Oh, look at those. | 看呀 |
[1:01:40] | So nice! | 太好了 |
[1:01:42] | I heard you like to skate. | 我听说你喜欢滑冰 |
[1:01:45] | What do you say? | 你该说什么 |
[1:01:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:01:49] | Now me and Uncle Russell could take you ice skating. | 现在我和罗素伯伯可以带你去滑冰了 |
[1:01:52] | I think Santa Claus left you | 我想圣诞老人 |
[1:01:53] | a little something extra in there too. | 在里面还给你留了点东西 |
[1:02:01] | What do you say to Uncle Russell? | 你该对罗素伯伯说什么 |
[1:02:04] | What do you say? | 你该说什么 |
[1:02:08] | Frank, it’s all right. | 弗兰克 没关系 |
[1:02:10] | She said thank you once. That’s enough. | 她已经说了一次谢谢了 这就够了 |
[1:02:16] | With Bobby as attorney general, I mean, they were all over us. | 因为鲍比是司法部长 他们把我们盯得很紧 |
[1:02:19] | I mean, we couldn’t talk on the phone | 我们不能在电话里说事 |
[1:02:21] | because we knew it was being bugged. | 因为我们知道有人窃听 |
[1:02:23] | You couldn’t do nothing. You couldn’t go nowhere. | 你什么都不能做 哪也不能去 |
[1:02:25] | You couldn’t do anything. | 什么都做不了 |
[1:02:26] | It was a bad, bad, bad situation. | 总之情况特别糟糕 |
[1:02:28] | And then Jimmy… Forget it. | 然后吉米 算了 |
[1:02:31] | Bobby, now as attorney general, he has the power | 鲍比 现在作为司法部长 他有权力 |
[1:02:33] | to send anybody to jail, and no question about it. | 送任何人进监狱 毋庸置疑 |
[1:02:36] | And Jimmy was at the top of Bobby’s hit list. | 吉米在鲍比的打击对象名单上名列前茅 |
[1:02:38] | He even set up a special “Get Hoffa Squad,” | 他甚至组建了一只专门的”抓捕霍法小队” |
[1:02:41] | where he had his own guys from the FBI, | 他找来了联调局 |
[1:02:42] | the IRS working ’round the clock. | 还有国税局的人夜以继日地工作 |
[1:02:44] | Their only job was to put Jimmy Hoffa in jail. | 他们唯一的工作就是送吉米·霍法进监狱 |
[1:02:48] | I’m serious. That’s all they did. | 我是认真的 他们只干了这事 |
[1:02:52] | I am sitting in a room full of fuckin’ idiots. | 这房间里全是该死的蠢货 |
[1:02:57] | You dumb motherfuckers! | 一群傻逼 |
[1:03:00] | You know what you did? | 你们知道你们做了什么吗 |
[1:03:02] | You take Johnny O’Rourke’s kid | 你们找来约翰尼·奥鲁克的孩子 |
[1:03:05] | and you put him on | 你们让他 |
[1:03:06] | as general organizer, | 成为总组织者 |
[1:03:09] | pay him 36 fucking grand, | 支付了他3.6万 |
[1:03:12] | at the same time, | 与此同时 |
[1:03:15] | you let him sell insurance to his fucking father’s… | 你们让他卖保险给他爸爸的… |
[1:03:28] | to his fucking father’s… | 他爸爸的… |
[1:03:31] | to his fucking father’s locals! | 卖给他爸爸的地方工会 |
[1:03:35] | Damn it! | 该死 |
[1:03:37] | How do you do that? | 怎么能犯这种错 |
[1:03:41] | How stupid can you be? | 你们是有多蠢 |
[1:03:45] | That fucking cocksucker Kennedy | 那该死的狗杂种肯尼迪 |
[1:03:48] | has got his nose up my ass everywhere I go! | 我去哪他都盯着我 |
[1:03:51] | You don’t know that they’re hounding me? | 你们不知道他对我紧追不舍吗 |
[1:03:53] | They’re looking at everything I do. | 他们监视我做的每件事 |
[1:03:55] | And you let this happen in public! | 你们却让这发生在大庭广众之下 |
[1:03:58] | You’re giving it to him! | 你们成全了他 |
[1:03:59] | I’m going to jail. You understand? | 我要去坐牢了 懂吗 |
[1:04:02] | I’m going to prison because of you, | 拜你们所赐 我要去坐牢了 |
[1:04:05] | you dumb motherfuckers. | 一群蠢货 |
[1:04:07] | This is what you wanted. You wanted to put me in jail. | 这是你们想要的 你们想让我进监狱 |
[1:04:09] | Tell me now so I can kill you right here. | 告诉我 好让我就地杀了你们 |
[1:04:12] | Right here! | 就地 |
[1:04:18] | Where’re you going? | 你去哪 |
[1:04:19] | What do you mean, where am I going? | 什么叫”我去哪” |
[1:04:20] | I fucking quit, that’s where I’m going. | 我他妈不干了 这就是我要去的地方 |
[1:04:22] | What are you quitting for? | 你为什么不干了 |
[1:04:23] | You gonna call me a motherfucker? | 你叫我蠢货 |
[1:04:25] | You can talk to them like that, you can’t talk to me like that. | 你可以这么跟他们说话 但跟我不行 |
[1:04:26] | Frank. No! That didn’t apply to you. What are you… | 弗兰克 不 我没说你 你… |
[1:04:29] | – Didn’t apply? – No! | -没说我 -是的 |
[1:04:30] | Then you gotta let me know it didn’t apply to me. | 那你要告诉我你没在说我 |
[1:04:32] | I’m standing right there. | 我就站在那 |
[1:04:33] | I didn’t even see you standing there! | 我根本没看到你站在那 |
[1:04:35] | I was standing right there, Jimmy. | 我就站在那 吉米 |
[1:04:36] | What are you talking about? | 你胡扯什么呢 |
[1:04:37] | But it didn’t apply to you! What else can I say? | 但我没在说你 我还能说什么 |
[1:04:42] | You got a problem, you pull me aside. | 你有问题的话 就先把我拉到一边 |
[1:04:44] | You don’t insult me and then you say it didn’t apply to me. | 你不能辱骂了我然后又说你没在说我 |
[1:04:46] | How am I gonna put you aside? I didn’t even see you there. | 我要怎么把你拉到一边 我根本没看到你 |
[1:04:49] | Oh, come on, Frank, you know me better than that. | 拜托 弗兰克 你知道我不是那样的人 |
[1:04:51] | You just know me better than that. | 你知道我不是那样的人 |
[1:04:53] | Please. | 拜托 |
[1:04:55] | Come on. It’s gonna be all right. | 来吧 不会有事的 |
[1:04:57] | It’s gonna be all right. Come on. | 不会有事的 来 |
[1:04:59] | Come on, why would I ever say anything like that to you? | 来 我为什么要对你说那样的话 |
[1:05:01] | You gotta control these people. | 你得控制这些人 |
[1:05:02] | I’m controlling everything. Don’t worry about it. | 一切都在掌控之中 别担心 |
[1:05:04] | But certainly, certainly, I… you know. | 但是当然 当然 我…你懂的 |
[1:05:07] | Come on. Okay, guys, get out of here now. | 来 各位 出去 |
[1:05:11] | I mean, I don’t know how Jimmy is running the fucking union. | 我不知道吉米是怎么管理工会的 |
[1:05:13] | Between Bobby and the FBI up his ass all the time, | 鲍比和联调局总是盯着他 |
[1:05:16] | he’s going fucking crazy. | 他都快疯了 |
[1:05:18] | Tell Jimmy I’m sorry for his troubles. | 告诉吉米 我为他的麻烦感到遗憾 |
[1:05:21] | The old-timers know the Old Man. They’ll talk to him. | 老一辈认识老肯尼迪 他们会去和他谈 |
[1:05:23] | At some point, they’ll straighten it out for him. | 他们会跟他讲清楚的 |
[1:05:26] | Yeah, but he can’t understand, | 但他无法理解 |
[1:05:27] | and I gotta be honest with you, I don’t understand either, | 我和你说实话 我也无法理解 |
[1:05:29] | how youse could help get those two fucking Kennedy pricks | 你们最初怎么就让混蛋肯尼迪兄弟 |
[1:05:31] | elected in the first place. | 当选了 |
[1:05:33] | It don’t make no sense to him, that’s for sure. | 他肯定没法理解 |
[1:05:34] | He doesn’t have to understand everything. | 他不必事事都理解 |
[1:05:37] | You know what I’m talking about. Sometimes it’s better. | 你明白我的意思 有时这样更好 |
[1:05:39] | Well… | 这个… |
[1:05:41] | It’s when I see him like that, I don’t, you know, | 只是我看到他那样 我没法 |
[1:05:42] | I… I’m tryin’ to… I feel bad. | 我想…我感觉不好受 |
[1:05:44] | I wanna help him in some way. | 我想怎么也得帮帮他 |
[1:05:47] | Listen, he’s too emotional. | 听我说 他太情绪化了 |
[1:05:49] | Like some guy who’s always rushing, | 就像是个到处折腾来 |
[1:05:51] | rushing all over the place and they miss the big picture. | 折腾去 却看不清大局的人 |
[1:05:54] | Like Cuba. | 比如古巴 |
[1:05:58] | Getting us back into casinos. | 让我们重新开赌场 |
[1:06:01] | Getting us back into Havana. | 让我们重回哈瓦那 |
[1:06:03] | Like getting rid of that fucking Castro prick. | 比如除掉那个混球卡斯特罗 |
[1:06:10] | The old-timers spoke to the Old Man. | 老一辈和老肯尼迪谈过了 |
[1:06:12] | The Old Man talked to his son Jack, and he told him, | 老肯尼迪跟他儿子约翰谈过了 告诉了他 |
[1:06:15] | “Don’t forget who the fuck he owes.” | 别忘了是谁帮他上位的 |
[1:06:20] | He knows who the fuck he owes. | 他知道他欠了谁的人情 |
[1:06:24] | So I want you | 所以我要你 |
[1:06:26] | to go down to a place called Milestone Hauling. | 去一个叫里程碑运输的地方 |
[1:06:31] | There’s a guy named Phil. | 有个叫菲尔的家伙 |
[1:06:34] | He’s gonna give you a rig. | 他会给你一辆卡车 |
[1:06:43] | You drive the rig down to Baltimore | 你把卡车开到巴尔的摩的 |
[1:06:45] | to a concrete plant. | 一家水泥厂去 |
[1:06:47] | It’s on Eastern Avenue. | 在东方大道上 |
[1:06:48] | It’s the only one on the street. You can’t miss it. | 整条街上只有它 不会找不到的 |
[1:06:55] | A guy’s gonna meet you there. | 那里会有人等着你 |
[1:06:57] | A fairy named Ferrie. | 一个叫费瑞的娘炮 |
[1:07:00] | Just pull it forward and then back it in. | 向前开 然后倒车进来 |
[1:07:14] | Let’s go, let’s go. | 该干活了 |
[1:07:24] | You’ll pick up some things. | 你要在那取点东西 |
[1:07:27] | He’ll give you some paperwork in case you get stopped. | 他会给你一些文件 以防你被拦下来 |
[1:07:40] | You drive the truck down to Florida. | 你把卡车开到佛州 |
[1:07:43] | A dog track outside Jacksonville. | 杰克逊维尔外面的一条灰狗巴士车道上 |
[1:07:47] | You leave it there. | 把车留在那里 |
[1:07:49] | A guy with big ears named Hunt will meet you there. | 一个叫亨特的大耳朵家伙会在那里等你 |
[1:07:55] | He’s gonna give you a car to drive back to Philly. | 他会给你一辆车 让你开回费城 |
[1:08:11] | What are you looking at? | 你看什么呢 |
[1:08:13] | You looking at my ears? | 你在看我的耳朵吗 |
[1:08:16] | Sorry? | 什么 |
[1:08:17] | My ears. | 我的耳朵 |
[1:08:19] | – Are you looking at my ears? – Your ears? | -你在看我的耳朵吗 -你的耳朵 |
[1:08:22] | No. | 没有 |
[1:08:24] | I had an operation, so there’s no need for anyone | 我做了手术 所以谁都不需要 |
[1:08:27] | looking at my ears anymore. | 再看我的耳朵了 |
[1:08:28] | Yeah, well, I ain’t looking at your ears. | 好吧 我也没看你的耳朵 |
[1:08:31] | Right. | 行吧 |
[1:08:34] | Get out of here. Go on. | 你走吧 赶紧的 |
[1:08:58] | …unfolded in the Bay of Pigs. | …在猪湾空降 |
[1:08:59] | Nothing went as planned. | 行动极不顺利 |
[1:09:00] | Paratroopers were unable | 伞兵们无法 |
[1:09:02] | to blow up roadways leading to the beach area. | 炸毁通往海岸地区的道路 |
[1:09:04] | Castro raced toward the scene. | 卡斯特罗的军队奔赴前线 |
[1:09:06] | The underground might | 地下潜伏人员本能够 |
[1:09:07] | have blown up the roads but it knew nothing. | 将路炸毁 但他们一无所知 |
[1:09:09] | Soon, Castro had artillery firing on the beachhead. | 很快 卡斯特罗的军队就将炮火对准了滩头阵地 |
[1:09:12] | His planes destroyed invading ships | 他的飞机摧毁了入侵舰队 |
[1:09:13] | carrying a brigade of men and vital ammunition. | 其中包含一个旅的兵力和重要军火 |
[1:09:16] | The beachhead could not be enlarged | 滩头阵地无法扩大 |
[1:09:18] | and paratroopers were soon trying to fight their way back | 伞兵们很快便试图杀回 |
[1:09:20] | to the small section of the shore | 岸边的小块区域 |
[1:09:22] | where the invaders were pinned down. | 这里的入侵者已经被压制 |
[1:09:23] | 1,500 men had been dumped on a shore without air cover | 1500人被留在岸边 没有空中掩护 |
[1:09:26] | or protective fire from ships. | 也没有舰炮掩护 |
[1:09:28] | Castro had to wait only until they ran out of ammunition | 卡斯特罗只需等到他们弹尽粮绝 |
[1:09:31] | before mopping them up. | 就可将他们一举歼灭 |
[1:09:32] | Later, Castro was to strut around the invasion area with newsmen, | 稍后 卡斯特罗在入侵区域高调面对记者 |
[1:09:36] | and expound on the errors that had been made. | 并阐述了犯下的错误 |
[1:09:38] | He had ample material. | 他的资料充足 |
[1:09:40] | The United States, already humiliated, | 已经备受侮辱的美国 |
[1:09:43] | stood condemned by most of the countries of the world. | 仍然受到世界大多数国家的谴责 |
[1:09:46] | Shit! | 见鬼 |
[1:09:47] | Just as I predicted. They fuck up Cuba, | 不出我所料 他们搞完了古巴 |
[1:09:50] | Boobie starts coming after me and the union. | 这个呆子就要冲我和工会来了 |
[1:09:53] | He’s looking for some cheap publicity. | 他在寻求廉价的宣传手段 |
[1:09:55] | That’s all it is. That’s what he’s doing. | 就是这样 他就是这么做的 |
[1:09:57] | Okay. Well, it’s all gonna blow over, Jimmy. | 好吧 都会平息的 吉米 |
[1:09:59] | No, it’s not gonna blow over. How’s it gonna blow over? | 不 不会平息的 怎么平息 |
[1:10:02] | They’re never gonna forget | 他们永远都不会忘记 |
[1:10:04] | – that I gave money to Nixon! – Calm down. Jimmy, please. | -我资助过尼克松 -冷静点 吉米 拜托 |
[1:10:07] | We’re gonna handle this. | 我们会处理好的 |
[1:10:08] | Couple of the old-timers, | 老一辈的 |
[1:10:09] | they’re gonna get to Old Man Kennedy now. | 他们会去找老肯尼迪 |
[1:10:11] | Okay? They’re gonna get to him. He’s a little sick, but… | 好吗 他们会去找他的 他是病了 但… |
[1:10:13] | – Sick? – Yeah. But… | -病了 -是 但是… |
[1:10:14] | He had a fucking stroke. That’s not sick. | 他那是中风了 不是病了 |
[1:10:17] | That’s you’re… you’re close to the grave, is what. | 那是…那是将死之人了 好吧 |
[1:10:19] | He’s turning into a fucking eggplant. | 他马上就毫无价值了 |
[1:10:21] | Okay. Well, you can’t blame anybody for that. That’s… | 好吧 这也不能怪谁啊 这… |
[1:10:23] | I’m not looking to blame anybody. | 我又没打算怪谁 |
[1:10:25] | But if there’s any blame going around, it’s the Kennedys. | 但真要怪谁的话 得怪肯尼迪小子们 |
[1:10:27] | His kids killed him. Let me tell you that. | 我可以告诉你 是他的儿子害死了他 |
[1:10:29] | He’s not dead, but he’s going. He’s going. | 他还没死 但他快死了 快死了 |
[1:10:32] | They killed him. They’d give anybody a heart attack. | 他们害死了他 他们能让任何人犯心脏病 |
[1:10:40] | 久病后于1969年去世 老约瑟夫·P·肯尼迪 | |
[1:11:10] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[1:11:12] | I’m going to work. | 我去工作 |
[1:11:14] | Go back to sleep. | 回去睡觉吧 |
[1:12:05] | All I can say is that, we will not stop. | 我能说的是 我们不会罢休 |
[1:12:08] | Because we’ve been doing that for 50 years! | 因为我们已经坚持了五十年 |
[1:12:12] | What good does it do? | 有什么好处 |
[1:12:14] | Let the lawyers… Let the lawyers drive a truck. | 让律师去开开卡车 |
[1:12:16] | They need their pencils and papers and their ink pads. | 他们需要纸笔 需要印台 |
[1:12:21] | That’s… That’s a whole other story. | 那完全是另一回事了 |
[1:12:23] | But we’re gonna get through this. | 但我们会挺过去的 |
[1:12:26] | We’re gonna get through this legal bullshit | 他们用什么法律狗屁打压我们 |
[1:12:29] | and garbage they’re throwing at us. | 我们会挺过去的 |
[1:12:31] | We’re gonna get through it because | 我们会挺过去的 |
[1:12:33] | “Boobie” Kennedy wants something, that doesn’t mean | 因为呆子肯尼迪想要什么 并不意味着 |
[1:12:36] | the rich boy is gonna get it. | 这个纨绔子弟就能得手 |
[1:12:38] | You understand what I’m saying? | 你们明白我的意思吧 |
[1:12:41] | I don’t care what he wants. He’s not gonna get it! | 我不在乎他要什么 反正他得不到 |
[1:12:45] | He’s not gonna get it because | 他得不到 因为 |
[1:12:48] | we are the biggest and best, | 我们是这个国家 |
[1:12:52] | and most honest union | 最庞大 最优秀 |
[1:12:55] | in this country! | 最诚实的工会 |
[1:12:57] | Yeah, that’s right. | 对 没错 |
[1:12:58] | I waited for that! | 我就等着这个 |
[1:13:04] | And you know the operative word I’m talking about here. | 你们知道我今天要讲的关键词是什么 |
[1:13:08] | – Solidarity. – Yeah! | -团结 -对 |
[1:13:09] | And it works. It works for all of us. | 团结有效 对我们所有人都有效 |
[1:13:12] | And it works for our friend here, Frank Fitzsimmons! | 对我们的朋友弗兰克·菲茨西蒙斯有效 |
[1:13:17] | Frank Fitzsimmons here, | 这位是弗兰克·菲茨西蒙斯 |
[1:13:19] | my executive vice president. | 我的执行副主席 |
[1:13:22] | If there’s anyone that can do this job, it’s this man here. | 如果有谁能胜任这份工作 那就是他 |
[1:13:25] | And with him at my back, | 有他为我保驾护航 |
[1:13:27] | where are we gonna go but up! | 我们一定会蒸蒸日上 |
[1:13:32] | Is that right, Fitz? | 对吗 菲茨 |
[1:13:33] | All the way, Jimmy! | 完全正确 吉米 |
[1:13:34] | Hoffa! Hoffa! Hoffa! | 霍法 霍法 霍法 |
[1:13:49] | A union man! | 一个工会人 |
[1:13:54] | You know, I felt they liked Fitz. | 我觉得他们喜欢菲茨 |
[1:13:56] | No two ways about it. | 毋庸置疑 |
[1:13:57] | Yeah, you gave Fitz some buildup. | 是 你提拔了菲茨 |
[1:13:59] | I mean, I hope he deserves it. | 希望他不会辜负你 |
[1:14:03] | Why? What’s wrong with Fitz? | 怎么说 菲茨有什么不妥吗 |
[1:14:06] | I don’t know. I don’t want to knock the guy, | 我说不好 我不想批评他 |
[1:14:08] | but I… I don’t know. | 但我也说不好 |
[1:14:09] | Well, you’re not knocking him. Just tell me… | 你不用批评他 告诉我 |
[1:14:12] | Tell me what you feel. | 告诉我你的感受 |
[1:14:14] | I mean, he’s a loyal guy, I’m sure. | 他很忠诚 这我可以确定 |
[1:14:17] | He’s a nice guy, | 他是个好人 |
[1:14:18] | but he ain’t that sharp. He ain’t that smart. | 但他不够敏锐 不够聪明 |
[1:14:21] | And he’s also like a… | 他还… |
[1:14:22] | He plays a lot of fucking golf, you know. | 他总打高尔夫球 |
[1:14:24] | He plays golf? | 他打高尔夫球 |
[1:14:26] | So what? That’s what you want from a number two. | 那又如何 二把手就需要这样的 |
[1:14:28] | You don’t want somebody too smart. | 不需要太聪明的人 |
[1:14:30] | You want a nice guy. People like him, you know. | 需要一个好人 大家喜欢他 |
[1:14:33] | Not dumb, but somebody, | 不傻 但是个 |
[1:14:35] | you know you can have walking behind you | 可以放心让他走在身后 |
[1:14:37] | without getting knifed. | 而不怕被捅刀子的人 |
[1:14:39] | – Well, I hope you’re right. – I’m always right. | -希望你是对的 -我总是对的 |
[1:14:42] | I can sleep like a babe with Fitz. | 我可以对菲茨可以放一百个心 |
[1:14:46] | It’s the Little Guy I have to worry about. | 我担心的是矮子 |
[1:14:49] | You know what I’m saying. | 你知道我说的是谁 |
[1:14:50] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | -是 -是 |
[1:14:51] | The Little Guy. | 矮子 |
[1:14:52] | – That’s my worry. – Yeah. | -我担心的是他 -嗯 |
[1:14:55] | That son of a bitch. | 那个王八蛋 |
[1:14:58] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[1:14:59] | Nothing. Nothing. You’re right. | 没事 没事 你是对的 |
[1:15:01] | I’m right. Yeah. | 我是对的 是的 |
[1:15:04] | – You’re not perplexed, are you? – Not at all. Not at all. | -你不会觉得困惑吧 -完全不会 |
[1:15:06] | I mean, I told you how I felt about Fitz. Pro. You know. | 我和你说了我对菲茨的感受 至于普罗 你懂的 |
[1:15:09] | Yeah. Good, because sometimes I feel | 好 那就好 因为有时我觉得 |
[1:15:11] | I’m the only one who sees right through that cocksucker. | 只有我一个人看穿了那个狗杂种 |
[1:15:14] | ♪ So let’s raise a glass… ♪ | ♪ 让我们举杯… ♪ |
[1:15:15] | – He’s a bad guy. – He’s a bad guy. | -他是个坏人 -他是个坏人 |
[1:15:18] | ♪ To the greatest guy ♪ | ♪ 敬最伟大的人 ♪ |
[1:15:22] | ♪ 560 is lucky enough to ever have ♪ | ♪ 能有他是560号地方工会之幸 ♪ |
[1:15:28] | ♪ You’re our boy ♪ | ♪ 你是我们的兄弟 ♪ |
[1:15:31] | ♪ Tony Pro ♪ | ♪ 托尼·普罗 ♪ |
[1:15:34] | ♪ We’re all yours ♪ | ♪ 我们都是你的兄弟 ♪ |
[1:15:39] | The Little Guy was Tony Provenzano. | 矮子就是托尼·普罗文扎诺 |
[1:15:41] | They called him Tony Pro. | 人称托尼·普罗 |
[1:15:44] | He was a capo in a big Jersey crew | 他是新泽西一个大帮派的首领 |
[1:15:46] | and the president of the Local 560 | 并且是新泽西联合市 |
[1:15:49] | in Union City, New Jersey. | 560号地方工会的主席 |
[1:16:03] | ♪ He’s the greatest guy ♪ | ♪ 他是最伟大的人 ♪ |
[1:16:06] | ♪ 560 is lucky enough to ever have ♪ | ♪ 能有他是560号地方工会之幸 ♪ |
[1:16:10] | Tony! Tony! Tony! | 托尼 托尼 托尼 |
[1:16:13] | Tony! Tony! Tony! | 托尼 托尼 托尼 |
[1:16:18] | Pro and Jimmy, they came up together | 普罗和吉米 他们一起发迹 |
[1:16:21] | and they were close… for a while. | 他们曾经很亲近 |
[1:16:24] | You turl, you work, | 你们没日没夜地工作 |
[1:16:26] | while the corporation kings | 而大企业的老板们 |
[1:16:29] | and princes of industry, | 行业的骄子们 |
[1:16:31] | with their vast expense accounts | 他们坐拥巨额报销账单 |
[1:16:33] | and salary and luxurous yachts, | 高昂薪水 以及豪华游艇 |
[1:16:36] | have dedicated themselves to our destruction. | 却致力于毁灭我们 |
[1:16:39] | Down on them! | 打倒他们 |
[1:16:42] | I didn’t need nobody to tell me about Tony Pro. | 我用不着谁来跟我说托尼·普罗的故事 |
[1:16:45] | Oh, no. What did I need to know? I knew enough. | 我还需要知道些什么 我知道的够多了 |
[1:16:55] | This is a man who had Sally Bugs strangle | 这家伙让萨利·巴格斯 |
[1:16:58] | Tony “Three Fingers” Castellito | 勒死了”三指”托尼·卡斯特里图 |
[1:17:00] | just because Three Fingers was coming up big in the union. | 就因为三指在工会里的地位越来越高 |
[1:17:03] | And it was his own guy. It was his own guy. | 那还是他自己人 那可是他自己人 |
[1:17:11] | 萨尔瓦多·布里古里欧 绰号”小虫萨利” 1979年脸中三枪身亡 | |
[1:17:23] | Tony Pro was so fucking worried | 托尼·普罗太担心 |
[1:17:25] | that this guy was gonna beat him out | 这家伙会击败他 |
[1:17:27] | that after he had Sally Bugs strangle the guy, | 以至于在让小虫萨利勒死他之后 |
[1:17:30] | he had Sally stick him in a fucking tree shredder. | 还让萨利把他塞进了碎树机 |
[1:17:32] | That way there’d be no competition, | 这样就再也没有竞争了 |
[1:17:34] | not even from the grave. | 毕竟他已经粉身碎骨了 |
[1:17:35] | He’s out of control. | 他已经失控了 |
[1:17:38] | What are you gonna do with a person like this? | 拿这种人该怎么办 |
[1:17:40] | He’s got a hand in everybody’s pocket. | 他想从每个人那都分杯羹 |
[1:17:42] | Shaking down the trucking companies. | 勒索货运公司 |
[1:17:44] | Can you imagine that? | 你能想象吗 |
[1:17:45] | Threatening people. | 四处威胁人 |
[1:17:47] | I mean, you know, threatening people once in a while, | 偶尔威胁威胁人 |
[1:17:49] | okay, I understand. | 没问题 我能理解 |
[1:17:51] | But all the time? | 但一直威胁人呢 |
[1:17:52] | It’s drawing attention to us, you understand? | 会让人注意到我们 你明白吗 |
[1:17:56] | Guys like that give the unions a bad name. | 那样的家伙会毁了工会的声誉 |
[1:18:00] | Something’s got to be done. | 得做点什么了 |
[1:18:02] | I mean it. Something’s gotta be done. | 我说真的 得做点什么了 |
[1:18:05] | Tony being Tony, uh… | 托尼毕竟是托尼… |
[1:18:08] | that ain’t… that ain’t easy. We can’t… | 不好…不好弄 我们不能… |
[1:18:10] | I don’t mean that. I don’t… | 我不是那个意思 我不是 |
[1:18:12] | Not… Not that. | 不是那个意思 |
[1:18:14] | Yeah, I’m just… | 我只是 |
[1:18:15] | I’m just saying get working guys | 我只是想让劳工阶层 |
[1:18:17] | who know the unions, card-carrying Teamsters, | 那些熟悉工会的 卡车司机工会的正式成员 |
[1:18:20] | like you and me. | 就像你我这样的 |
[1:18:21] | Start running, | 开始竞选 |
[1:18:23] | take over some of the locals. | 接管几个地方工会 |
[1:18:25] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[1:18:27] | – He ain’t gonna like that. – Who? | -他不会喜欢的 -谁 |
[1:18:29] | Fuck him. Who the fuck is he? | 去他的 他算什么东西 |
[1:18:31] | He’s a gangster. | 地痞流氓罢了 |
[1:18:32] | I run the union, I’m the president. | 我领导着工会 我是主席 |
[1:18:34] | So, I mean… | 我的意思是 |
[1:18:36] | All I need is some guys who know their ways around. | 我所需要的是一些懂事的家伙 |
[1:18:40] | Know how to handle themselves, you know. | 知道怎么把控自己 |
[1:18:42] | That’s all. | 仅此而已 |
[1:18:44] | That’s why I want you to run for president | 所以我想让你去竞选 |
[1:18:46] | of Local 326. | 326号地方工会的主席 |
[1:18:51] | You’re like family to me, Frank. You know. | 你就是我的家人 弗兰克 |
[1:18:53] | You, Irene, | 你 艾琳 |
[1:18:55] | the girls. | 孩子们 |
[1:18:56] | The lovely Peggy. | 可爱的佩琪 |
[1:18:58] | But that’s not why I’m doing this. | 但这并不是我这么做的原因 |
[1:19:01] | I’m not giving you anything you didn’t earn, | 我给你的一切都是你自己赢得的 |
[1:19:04] | you didn’t deserve. | 都是你应得的 |
[1:19:07] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[1:19:09] | I…I don’t know what to say, Jimmy. | 我不知道该说什么了 吉米 |
[1:19:13] | – I mean, um… – Well, just say you’ll do it. | -我是说… -只管说你愿意就好 |
[1:19:16] | That’s all you got to say. | 你只需要说愿意 |
[1:19:18] | Plus, I can guarantee you’re gonna win. | 而且 我能保证你会赢 |
[1:19:21] | Ha! When you run for president | 你只要竞选326号地方工会的主席 |
[1:19:24] | of 326, you’re gonna win. | 你就一定会赢 |
[1:19:28] | I guarantee it. | 我保证 |
[1:19:29] | Yeah, okay, I’ll do it. Yeah. | 好 没问题 我愿意 |
[1:19:33] | You mean it, huh? | 认真的吗 |
[1:19:34] | Yeah, yeah. I’m… I’m honored. | 当然 我很荣幸 |
[1:19:37] | I love you. I just love you, you know. Come here. | 我爱你 我真的爱你 抱一个 |
[1:19:40] | I love you, man. | 我爱你 伙计 |
[1:19:41] | I can’t tell ya. | 爱到难以言表 |
[1:19:43] | Oh, gee. | 天 |
[1:19:44] | This is so good, you know. | 太好了 |
[1:19:46] | I feel like I can breathe again. | 我终于能喘口气了 |
[1:19:48] | It’s so funny. I… | 太有意思了 |
[1:19:50] | Somehow I… | 不知怎么地 我… |
[1:19:52] | I don’t know. I thought you would’ve said no. | 我也不知道 我以为你会拒绝 |
[1:19:56] | I’m glad you said yes. | 我很高兴你答应了 |
[1:19:58] | I mean… | 我想说 |
[1:20:00] | Frank… | 弗兰克 |
[1:20:03] | You never reveal how you feel, you know. It’s hard to tell. | 你从来不显露情绪 很难判断 |
[1:20:07] | I’m honored, Jimmy. I don’t know… | 我很荣幸 吉米 我不知道 |
[1:20:08] | It’s just I don’t know what to… say, | 我只是不知道该说什么 |
[1:20:10] | you know, but I’m honored. | 但是我很荣幸 |
[1:20:13] | Well, that’s good. | 那就好 |
[1:20:16] | That makes me feel good. | 让我感觉很好 |
[1:20:19] | I can breathe. | 我能喘口气了 |
[1:20:21] | That’s so great. | 太好了 |
[1:20:25] | I… | 我 |
[1:20:54] | What can I say? I mean, I owe it all to Jimmy. | 我还能说什么 我的一切都是吉米给的 |
[1:20:57] | He took me out of a meat truck, he gave me my start. | 他把我从运肉卡车中解救出来 给了我新的开始 |
[1:21:00] | He gave me my first charter. He gave me my first union. | 他给我了首个职位 他给了我第一个工会 |
[1:21:05] | – How are ya? – Hey, how are you? | -你好 -你好 |
[1:21:07] | Frank Sheeran, the new president of Union 326. | 我是弗兰克·希兰 326号地方工会的新任主席 |
[1:21:10] | – I wanted to introduce myself. – Nice to meet ya. | -我来自我介绍一下 -很高兴认识你 |
[1:21:12] | – What’s your name? – My name’s Al. | -你叫什么 -我叫阿尔 |
[1:21:14] | Al. Nice to meet ya, Al. | 阿尔 很高兴认识你 |
[1:21:16] | – A little something… – No, no. Don’t need it. | -一点心意 -不 不用 |
[1:21:18] | – Sure? – Yeah. | -确定吗 -当然 |
[1:21:19] | Just came here to say hello, introduce myself. | 只是过来问个好 自我介绍一下 |
[1:21:21] | You need anything, just get in touch with me. Okay? | 有什么需要 只管联系我 好吗 |
[1:21:23] | – You sure? – Yeah. | -你确定吗 -当然 |
[1:21:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:21:25] | So, hypothetically, if they can prove | 所以 我们假设 如果他们能证明 |
[1:21:27] | that you stole from them, | 你从他们那偷了东西 |
[1:21:28] | what they’re gonna want are names, so… | 他们会想要你供出同伙的名字 |
[1:21:33] | Would you be willing to give up names to keep from going to jail? | 你愿意交代几个名字 免去牢狱之灾吗 |
[1:21:37] | No. | 不 |
[1:21:38] | Okay. So you got nothing to worry about. | 那你就没什么好担心的了 |
[1:21:40] | – The lawyers will take care of it. – Thank you, Mr. Sheeran. | -律师会帮你摆平的 -谢谢 希兰先生 |
[1:21:53] | The Interstate 80 West through the rest of Pennsylvania, | 沿80号州际公路西段开过宾州 |
[1:21:58] | and then we’d go across Ohio all the way to Toledo, | 然后我们横穿俄亥俄州到托莱多 |
[1:22:02] | and then we’d go 75 North to Detroit. | 接着我们沿着75号公路北上底特律 |
[1:22:07] | And we’d still get there on time. | 依然能够准时到达 |
[1:22:12] | Your Honor, my client had been advised by counsel | 法官阁下 法律顾问已经告诉我的委托人 |
[1:22:14] | that it was perfectly legal for his wife | 她妻子作为货运公司所有者之一 |
[1:22:16] | to be part owner of a trucking business. | 是完全合法的 |
[1:22:19] | Still, when the McClellan Committee challenged its legality, | 而在麦克莱伦委员会质询其合法性时 |
[1:22:19] | 美国参议院针对工人 及管理层不当行为特别委员会 | |
[1:22:22] | she withdrew from the company immediately. | 她第一时间退出了公司 |
[1:22:24] | That should be the end of the matter. | 事情到此就该告一段落 |
[1:22:27] | There had been not one indictment served | 在十三次大陪审团调查中 |
[1:22:29] | against my client in 13 grand jury investigations. | 我的委托人没有一次被判有罪 |
[1:22:33] | Your Honor, this is an example of | 法官阁下 这是典型的 |
[1:22:36] | a personal vendetta against my client, | 对我的委托人和他的家人的恶意报复 |
[1:22:38] | against his family, by a frustrated Justice Department | 是令人失望的司法部和司法部长罗伯特·肯尼迪 |
[1:22:42] | and the attorney general, Robert Kennedy. | 在针对我的委托人 |
[1:22:51] | He’s got a gun! | 他手上有枪 |
[1:22:57] | Get that gun out of his hand! | 把枪先抢下来 |
[1:23:03] | Easy, boy. | 别激动 小伙子 |
[1:23:10] | That was not a real gun, was it? | 那不是真枪吧 |
[1:23:11] | How’d that gun get in? | 枪是怎么进来的 |
[1:23:13] | How’d it get in here? | 怎么进来的 |
[1:23:14] | It wasn’t my fault! | 又不是我的错 |
[1:23:16] | I don’t know! | 我也不知道 |
[1:23:17] | My Chuckie! | 我的查奇 |
[1:23:18] | Hey, it’s my son! | 这是我儿子 |
[1:23:20] | That’s my kid. I raised this kid. | 这是我的孩子 我把他养大的 |
[1:23:23] | You see him? You see what he did? | 你们看见了吗 看见他的英勇之举了吗 |
[1:23:27] | I’ll tell you this. | 我告诉你们 |
[1:23:28] | He shot at me, and it was like a pellet or something. | 他冲我开了枪 感觉像是小弹丸似的 |
[1:23:31] | I didn’t feel it, I just felt a little impact, | 没什么感觉 就一点点冲击力 |
[1:23:33] | like I was shot not even with a BB gun. | 甚至还比不上被BB枪打了 |
[1:23:36] | Something even lighter. | 比BB枪更弱 |
[1:23:38] | But I charged him. | 但我冲向了他 |
[1:23:39] | I charged him and so did Chuckie, if you noticed. | 我和查奇都冲向了他 如果你们看见了的话 |
[1:23:41] | I taught him well. | 我把他教得很好 |
[1:23:42] | You charge a guy, always charge a guy with a gun. | 遇到持枪的永远要冲上去 |
[1:23:46] | With a knife, you run away. | 如果是持刀的跑就行了 |
[1:23:48] | Run away from a knife. So you charge with a gun, | 遇到持刀的就跑 持枪的就冲 |
[1:23:51] | – with a knife, you run. – That’s right. | -持刀的就跑 -没错 |
[1:23:53] | Hey! I rhymed! | 我还押韵了 |
[1:23:56] | I know it sounds crazy, but I got a message from a higher power | 我知道很难让人相信 但我收到了上头的消息 |
[1:23:59] | telling me to shoot Jimmy Hoffa. | 让我杀了吉米·霍法 |
[1:24:00] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[1:24:01] | A lot of nuts in Nashville, Frank. | 纳什维尔有很多疯子 弗兰克 |
[1:24:03] | Come on down, Frank. | 快过来 弗兰克 |
[1:24:05] | Yeah, I got one of them with me now, you see. | 现在我边上就有一个 |
[1:24:07] | Get down here, Frank. | 快过来 弗兰克 |
[1:24:08] | Eddie Partin, you know the guy from Baton Rouge, | 艾迪·帕丁 巴顿鲁日的那家伙 |
[1:24:10] | he’s here with me. | 他也在这里 |
[1:24:11] | Yeah. Yeah, I’ll get right down. | 好 我马上过去 |
[1:24:13] | Out of my way, boys. Come on. | 别挡道 伙计们 让让 |
[1:24:16] | Come on, come on. | 让让 |
[1:24:22] | Did Mr. Brennan first say, | 布伦南先生是否先说了 |
[1:24:24] | or do you remember him first saying | 或者你是否记得他首先说了 |
[1:24:25] | something about, say, “I had to change the deal. | 像是”我要更改交易条款 |
[1:24:28] | I have to cut Hoffa in on the new deal”? | 我得让霍法也分一杯羹”这样的话 |
[1:24:30] | Wasn’t that like the chronology of the whole thing? | 这不就是整件事的源头吗 |
[1:24:34] | I don’t know he changed the deal, | 我不知道他变更了交易条款 |
[1:24:36] | but it was my understanding over the telephone that Brennan | 但我在电话这头的理解是 |
[1:24:39] | was speaking for himself. | 布伦南只代表了他自己 |
[1:24:41] | She’s an angry woman. That’s an angry woman. | 她看上去很愤怒 这一看就很愤怒 |
[1:24:43] | Oh. Yeah. | 是啊 |
[1:24:44] | – She was a teacher I think. – Oh, that’s right. | -我想她曾经是个老师 -没错 |
[1:24:46] | What we’re looking at is this one. | 我们现在研究的是这个 |
[1:24:48] | This one is not approachable. | 这个可不好搞定 |
[1:24:49] | No, she’d be a tough nut to crack. | 她很难攻破 |
[1:24:51] | There’s a lot of family money there. | 有很多家族财产 |
[1:24:52] | …will hail, stop, and search | …将会截停搜查 |
[1:24:54] | all ships bound for Cuba. | 所有驶往古巴的船只 |
[1:24:56] | If the ships’ captains do not stop, | 若船长不停船 |
[1:24:58] | force will be used to stop them. | 我们将采取武力截停 |
[1:25:00] | If the ships do stop… | 如果船停下… |
[1:25:01] | See, I think there’s an in here… | 我觉得可以选这个 |
[1:25:03] | Did you make this statement | 你是否对大陪审团 |
[1:25:04] | to the grand jury? I’ll read it for you. | 做出过如下陈述 |
[1:25:06] | “Brennan came to me and said words | “布伦南过来跟我说了些 |
[1:25:08] | to the effect he’s gonna go ahead…” | 类似于他要继续的话…” |
[1:25:09] | He’s got a restaurant. | 他开了家餐厅 |
[1:25:11] | Did you look into violations? | 你查过违法行为了吗 |
[1:25:12] | Yeah. I’d rather stick with the women. | 查了 我更愿意选女人 |
[1:25:14] | – They’re more approachable. – Jimmy, thank you. | -她们更好搞定 -吉米 谢谢 |
[1:25:15] | …in Cuba of operational medium-range missiles. | …已在古巴部署可用的中程导弹 |
[1:25:19] | He added that if one of the missiles is launched, | 他还表示如果导弹发射 |
[1:25:21] | it would probably carry a nuclear warhead. | 可能会携带有核弹头 |
[1:25:24] | It could hit any spot in the southeast United States, | 能够打击美国东南部任何地区 |
[1:25:27] | south of Washington. | 以及华盛顿南部 |
[1:25:29] | And that we would have no way of intercepting it | 而我们无法拦截 |
[1:25:31] | or issuing a warning about it. | 也无法提前预警 |
[1:25:33] | This one’s married to a state trooper named Plechette. | 这位嫁给了一个叫普莱切特的州警 |
[1:25:36] | That’s good. | 不错 |
[1:25:38] | We know anyone? | 有门路吗 |
[1:25:39] | Well, yeah, we got an ex-cop in the Local. | 有 地方工会有个当过警察的 |
[1:25:43] | That’s good. | 很好 |
[1:25:44] | All our forces have been put on increased alert. | 我们的所有部队都提高了警戒级别 |
[1:26:08] | …came to me and said words to the effect | 过来跟我聊了几句 大意是 |
[1:26:10] | he’s gonna go ahead and set up a company to lease trucks. | 他打算开家公司出租卡车 |
[1:26:13] | But later, he called me on the phone and said quote, | 但之后 他又打电话 他的原话是 |
[1:26:16] | “I gotta change the deal | “我要更改交易条款 |
[1:26:18] | ’cause I gotta cut Hoffa in on the deal.” | 因为我要让霍法也分一杯羹” |
[1:26:20] | Is that accurate, sir? | 是这样吗 先生 |
[1:26:22] | This one’s another possibility. | 这是另一个可以下手的对象 |
[1:26:24] | – Wait. – Well, she had a boyfriend, | -等等 -她有过情人 |
[1:26:26] | she’s seeing somebody else while she’s married. | 她婚后还跟别人有一腿 |
[1:26:28] | So it could be… It could grab her, | 所以可以用这个要挟她 |
[1:26:30] | – hold on to her. – Yeah, but… | -抓着她不放 -对 但是… |
[1:26:31] | But this guy, | 但这家伙 |
[1:26:32] | the construction business. He has a couple of violations, | 开建筑公司的 做过一些违反的事情 |
[1:26:36] | there’s a lien on his house. | 他的房子有留置权 |
[1:26:38] | His car is unpaid. | 车还没付钱 |
[1:26:40] | That’s good. Keep going. Don’t quit while you’re ahead. | 很好 继续 别在领先的时候放弃 |
[1:26:50] | Thank you. See you, Big Eddie. | 谢谢 回见 大艾迪 |
[1:26:53] | Do you swear to tell the truth, | 你是否向上帝发誓 |
[1:26:54] | the whole truth and nothing but the truth, | 你所说的全是事实 |
[1:26:56] | – so help you God? – I do. | -没有任何隐瞒 -我发誓 |
[1:27:05] | Mr. King, you’re a member of | 金先生 你是 |
[1:27:08] | the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, is that correct, sir? | 国际卡车司机工会的成员 对吗 先生 |
[1:27:11] | I respectfully decline to answer that under the | 恕我拒绝回答这个问题 |
[1:27:15] | protection afforded me by the Fifth Amendment. | 我要行使第五修正案赋予我的权利 |
[1:27:19] | I just asked if you’re a Teamster, sir. | 我只是问你是不是卡车司机工会的 先生 |
[1:27:21] | I respectfully decline to answer… | 恕我拒绝回答… |
[1:27:22] | Okay. All right. Fine. | 好 没问题 行 |
[1:27:24] | I’m gonna show you a photograph, all right? | 我要给你看张照片 行吗 |
[1:27:26] | – I respectfully decline to answer… – Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait… | -恕我拒绝回答…. -等等 |
[1:27:29] | …under the protection… | 我要行使… |
[1:27:31] | You haven’t even seen the photograph yet. | 你还没看这张照片 |
[1:27:32] | Look at the photograph, wait a smidge, | 看着这张照片 好好看看 |
[1:27:34] | – and then you can… – I want to avail myself | -然后你可以… -根据我的理解 |
[1:27:37] | of my right under the constitution, as I understand it. | 我想援引宪法赋予我的权利 |
[1:27:41] | – Jim, let him avail himself. – Oh, okay. | -吉米 让他援引自己的权利 -好吧 |
[1:27:52] | Oh, yeah. | 是啊 |
[1:27:54] | That King’s the best. | 金是最棒的 |
[1:27:56] | He’s the best. He’s a good guy. | 他是最棒的 他是个好人 |
[1:27:58] | You see him stand up to that jerk? | 你看到他是怎样对付那个混蛋的吗 |
[1:28:00] | Yeah, yeah, I know. He was great. | 看到了 看到了 我知道 他很棒 |
[1:28:02] | I love what he did. | 我就喜欢他这么干 |
[1:28:03] | They tried to get him, they tried their best. | 他们想让他开口 他们尽了全力 |
[1:28:06] | – We need more like him. – Oh, my God! | -我们需要更多他这样的人 -天啊 |
[1:28:09] | More details just arrived. | 我们刚刚收到更多详细信息 |
[1:28:12] | These details are not the same as previously. | 这些详细信息是最新的 |
[1:28:15] | President Kennedy, shot today, | 肯尼迪总统在车队 |
[1:28:17] | just as his motorcade left downtown Dallas. | 离开达拉斯市区时遇刺 |
[1:28:19] | Mrs. Kennedy jumped up | 肯尼迪夫人上前 |
[1:28:21] | and grabbed Mr. Kennedy. She called, “Oh, no!” | 抱住肯尼迪先生 大喊”不” |
[1:28:24] | The motorcade sped on. | 车队加速驶离 |
[1:28:26] | United Press says that the wounds of President Kennedy | 合众社报道称肯尼迪总统受的 |
[1:28:30] | perhaps could be fatal. | 可能是致命伤 |
[1:28:32] | Repeating a bulletin from CBS News. | 正在重播哥伦比亚广播公司新闻发出的简报 |
[1:28:36] | President Kennedy has been shot | 肯尼迪总统在得克萨斯州的达拉斯市 |
[1:28:38] | by a would-be assassin in Dallas, Texas. | 被一名嫌疑刺客开枪击中 |
[1:28:41] | Stay tuned to CBS News for | 请继续关注哥伦比亚广播公司新闻 |
[1:28:43] | further details. | 了解更多详细信息 |
[1:28:45] | What? | 什么 |
[1:28:48] | It takes more than an instant | 要做出一杯真正的咖啡 |
[1:28:51] | to make a real cup of coffee. | 一瞬间可不够 |
[1:28:53] | That’s why Nescafé has come up with a new kind of coffee. | 因此雀巢咖啡研制出了一种新产品 |
[1:28:57] | It’s more than an instant. It’s new Minute Brew Nescafé. | 这不只是一种即溶咖啡 而是新的雀巢分钟煮咖啡 |
[1:29:01] | Anybody can make a… | 人人都能做出… |
[1:29:02] | The flash, apparently official, | 这显然是一则官方简报 |
[1:29:05] | President Kennedy died at 1:00 p.m. Central standard time, | 肯尼迪总统于中部标准时间下午一点 |
[1:29:10] | two o’clock, eastern standard time, | 东部标准时间下午两点去世 |
[1:29:13] | some 38 minutes ago. | 大约38分钟前 |
[1:29:21] | Vice President Johnson has left the hospital in Dallas, | 副总统约翰逊已离开位于达拉斯的医院 |
[1:29:25] | but we do not know, uh, to where he has proceeded. | 但我们不知道他将前往哪里 |
[1:29:29] | Presumably, he will be taking the oath of office shortly | 预计他很快将宣誓就职 |
[1:29:33] | and become the 36th President of the United States. | 成为第36届美国总统 |
[1:29:44] | Mr. Hoffa, will you be attending | 霍法先生 你会参加 |
[1:29:45] | the President’s funeral? | 总统的葬礼吗 |
[1:29:47] | I wasn’t invited. | 我没有受邀 |
[1:29:48] | You don’t have to be invited. A million Americans will be there. | 不一定要受邀 上百万的美国人都会参加 |
[1:29:51] | Well… | 那… |
[1:29:52] | I guess I’ll have to check my schedule. | 我想我得查查我的日程 |
[1:29:54] | If you were to go and asked to speak, what would you say? | 如果你去参加并被请求发言 你会说什么 |
[1:29:57] | I’d say, uh, | 我会说 |
[1:29:59] | Bobby Kennedy is just another lawyer now. | 鲍比·肯尼迪现在只是个普通律师了 |
[1:30:06] | Son of a bitch. | 混蛋 |
[1:30:23] | Good, Eric. Thank you very much. | 很好 埃里克 非常感谢 |
[1:30:35] | Jimmy was right. | 吉米说得对 |
[1:30:38] | Almost. | 几乎是对的 |
[1:30:40] | That was the end of it with Bobby. | 鲍比的刁难到此为止了 |
[1:30:43] | So much for him being the attorney general. That was done. | 他卸任司法部长了 事情了结了 |
[1:30:50] | Bobby’s vendetta was over, with us. | 鲍比跟我们的宿怨结束了 |
[1:30:59] | Mr. Hoffa, | 霍法先生 |
[1:31:01] | you stand here convicted of having tampered | 你因损害了这个国家的灵魂 |
[1:31:03] | with the very soul of this nation. | 被判有罪 |
[1:31:06] | But there was still that jury thing in Nashville. | 但纳什维尔那个陪审团的事情还没完 |
[1:31:09] | The soul of this nation, sir, | 先生 这个国家的灵魂在于 |
[1:31:11] | lies in its sacred processes of justice. | 它神圣的司法程序 |
[1:31:14] | Justice must be done. | 正义必须得到伸张 |
[1:31:16] | And for your wicked attempts to corrupt these processes, | 你因为曾邪恶地企图破坏这套程序 |
[1:31:21] | justice will be done on you. | 将会受到法律的制裁 |
[1:31:24] | We got him now. | 我们终于抓到他了 |
[1:31:26] | We got him. | 我们抓到他了 |
[1:31:27] | Ladies and gentlemen, we did it! | 女士们先生们 我们做到了 |
[1:31:47] | But Jimmy, you know, he had it all set up. | 但是吉米把一切都安排妥当了 |
[1:31:50] | Although you knew it was supposed to look like Fitz | 虽然表面看起来是 |
[1:31:53] | was the one in charge. | 菲茨在管事 |
[1:31:55] | He gave Fitz his orders through | 但他通过比尔·巴法利诺和 |
[1:31:57] | Bill Bufalino and Allen Dorfman, | 艾伦·多夫曼给菲茨下指令 |
[1:31:59] | and they ran Jimmy’s loans. | 他们还替吉米放贷 |
[1:32:00] | But things are good in here? Everything is… | 在里面待得还好吗 一切都… |
[1:32:03] | Everything’s terrible. | 一切都糟透了 |
[1:32:03] | You don’t sleep at night ’cause you’re afraid | 夜不能寐 因为担心 |
[1:32:05] | someone’s gonna knife you. | 有人会拿刀捅你 |
[1:32:07] | ‘Cause you look okay. You look okay. | 但你看上去不错 还不错 |
[1:32:09] | Where’s Fitz? He’s late. | 菲茨在哪 他迟到了 |
[1:32:12] | Yeah. Well, we were gonna meet him in the front. He… | 我们本来要在正门等他的 他… |
[1:32:14] | Meet him in the front? | 在正门等他吗 |
[1:32:16] | Here he is, here he is. | 他来了 他来了 |
[1:32:16] | Where the hell have you been? What are you doing here? | 你到底去哪了 你来这干什么 |
[1:32:19] | Why did you even come at all, Fitz? | 你到底来干什么 菲茨 |
[1:32:21] | You know, are you aware you’re late? | 你知道自己迟到了吗 |
[1:32:23] | That’s all I want to know. Do you know you’re late? | 我就想知道这个 你知道自己迟到了吗 |
[1:32:24] | I’m sorry I’m late, Jimmy, | 对不起我迟到了 吉米 |
[1:32:25] | but we got a lot going on. | 但我们有很多事要做 |
[1:32:27] | We got a lot going on. | 我们有很多事要做 |
[1:32:28] | I don’t wanna hear that. I wanna hear something concrete, | 我不想听这种话 我想听点具体的 |
[1:32:30] | I wanna hear something straight on. | 我想听你直入正题 |
[1:32:33] | I’m just gonna ask you to be a little more patient. | 我只想请你耐心一点 |
[1:32:35] | I think we’re gonna have… | 我觉得我们会… |
[1:32:36] | I’m inside here. I’m not gonna be too patient. | 我在坐牢 不会太耐心 |
[1:32:39] | As much as Jimmy was getting pissed off at Fitz, | 尽管吉米对菲茨很不爽 |
[1:32:42] | everybody else liked him because | 其他人还是喜欢他 因为 |
[1:32:43] | they could get anything out of him that they wanted. | 他们可以从他那里得到想要的一切 |
[1:32:46] | They couldn’t do that with Jimmy. | 这是他们不能从吉米那得到的 |
[1:32:49] | That’s what happens when you go away to college. | 如果进了监狱 难免会发生这种事情 |
[1:32:52] | How’s that? | 打得怎么样 |
[1:32:55] | Jimmy’s pissed off with Fitz. | 吉米生菲茨的气 |
[1:32:58] | Fitz is okay. We like Fitz. | 菲茨还不错 我们喜欢他 |
[1:33:01] | I’ll tell you what the problem is. | 我告诉你问题出在哪 |
[1:33:03] | Jimmy’s got that ballbusting Dorfman | 吉米让那个难缠的多夫曼 |
[1:33:05] | holding up loans that Fitz already okayed. | 拖延菲茨已经同意的贷款 |
[1:33:09] | I hate that Dorfman. | 我讨厌那个多夫曼 |
[1:33:11] | He’s such a pain-in-the-ass fucking Jew. | 他是个令人头疼的犹太人 |
[1:33:17] | What do you want me to do? | 你想让我怎么办 |
[1:33:19] | No, not that. Not that. | 不 先别那样 先别那样 |
[1:33:22] | What you gotta do is, you know, | 你要做的就是 |
[1:33:24] | put a firecracker up Dorfman’s ass. | 警告一下多夫曼 |
[1:33:27] | Fitz’ll get the message. | 菲茨会明白的 |
[1:33:29] | He’ll get the message. | 他会明白的 |
[1:33:31] | I mean, you can’t do it to Fitz because if… | 你不能对菲茨下手 因为如果… |
[1:33:34] | if you do it to that lush, | 如果你对那个酒鬼下手 |
[1:33:35] | he’ll run right to the feds and screw up everything. | 他会直接去找联调局 搞砸一切 |
[1:33:38] | But Dorfman… | 但多夫曼 |
[1:33:40] | You gotta do it to Dorfman. | 你要对多夫曼下手 |
[1:34:19] | Fitz… Fitz got the message. | 菲茨 菲茨明白我们的意思了 |
[1:34:25] | After that, anybody who wanted anything | 从此以后 任何人想从养老基金里 |
[1:34:27] | from the pension fund, they got it. | 捞一笔 都能得偿所愿 |
[1:34:34] | The thing keeps comin’ around. Keeps comin’ around. | 老是翻到这张牌 |
[1:34:36] | What’s goin’ on? | 怎么回事 |
[1:34:38] | – Fuck is this? – Who’s this guy? | -搞什么 -这家伙是谁 |
[1:34:40] | Who let you in? | 谁让你进来的 |
[1:34:43] | Mr. Provenzano. | 普罗文扎诺先生 |
[1:34:45] | I’m Agent DiGregorio of the FBI. | 我是联调局的迪格雷奥里奥探员 |
[1:34:46] | I have a warrant for your arrest. Please stand. | 我有你的逮捕令 请站起来 |
[1:34:48] | Can I finish my hand? | 我能把手里的牌打完吗 |
[1:34:49] | No, sir. Please stand. | 不行 先生 请站起来 |
[1:34:50] | I had a bad fucking hand anyway. | 反正我手气烂透了 |
[1:34:51] | 安东尼·加卡罗内 人称”托尼·杰克” 人缘很好 于2001年2月23日寿终正寝 | |
[1:34:52] | Middle of the game. | 牌才打到一半 |
[1:34:54] | Join the club. Deal him in. | 让他一起打吧 |
[1:34:56] | Other arm, please. | 请伸另一只手 |
[1:34:57] | – Can I get my bags? – No, sir. | -我能拿我的包吗 -不行 先生 |
[1:34:59] | I got nothing in my pocket. I got fucking shorts on here. | 我口袋里什么都没有 我穿着短裤呢 |
[1:35:01] | Look at this penguin over there, huh? | 看看那边那只企鹅 |
[1:35:04] | Hey, Tony, will you get my bags? | 托尼 你能帮我拿下包吗 |
[1:35:05] | Yeah, I’ll get your bags. | 行 我会帮你拿包 |
[1:35:06] | This is like watchin’ TV. | 这就像在看电视 |
[1:35:10] | They got Pro for extortion and gave him seven years. | 普罗因为敲诈被抓 判了七年 |
[1:35:13] | And they sent him to Lewisburg prison. | 把他送去了路易斯堡监狱 |
[1:35:16] | So who does he end up with? | 他和谁落在一起了 |
[1:35:18] | Jimmy. | 吉米 |
[1:35:28] | Look at that. | 瞧瞧这个 |
[1:35:30] | A work of art. | 简直是艺术品 |
[1:35:32] | Thank you, Pete. | 谢谢 皮特 |
[1:35:41] | I gotta talk to you about a problem I got with my pension. | 我要跟你谈谈养老金的问题 |
[1:35:48] | I know. | 我知道 |
[1:35:50] | You know? | 你知道 |
[1:35:52] | What do you know? | 你知道什么 |
[1:35:54] | I know | 我知道 |
[1:35:56] | you got a million two | 你有120万 |
[1:35:57] | and, uh, there’s a problem with it. | 而且出了问题 |
[1:36:02] | So you’ll look into it for me? | 那你会帮我查查吗 |
[1:36:04] | How am I going to look into it? What am I gonna look into? | 我要怎么查 我能查什么 |
[1:36:07] | It is what it is. | 就这么回事 |
[1:36:09] | Well, what is it? | 怎么回事 |
[1:36:11] | You lost it. | 这笔钱没了 |
[1:36:13] | You forfeited it when you came in here. That’s it. | 你进来时它就被没收了 就是这样 |
[1:36:18] | So is yours forfeited too? | 所以你的也被没收了吗 |
[1:36:20] | No. | 没有 |
[1:36:23] | Ok, let me get this straight. So yours is still there, | 我们先理清楚 你的钱还在 |
[1:36:27] | your million five, whatever it is, | 你的150万什么的 |
[1:36:29] | but mine’s gone? | 但我的钱没了 |
[1:36:31] | Yeah. Mine’s still there. | 对 我的钱还在 |
[1:36:36] | But we’re both sitting here. | 但我俩现在都在牢里 |
[1:36:38] | We’re both sitting here. That’s right. | 我俩都在牢里 没错 |
[1:36:41] | Only we’re sitting here for different things. | 不过我俩坐牢的原因不同 |
[1:36:44] | You’re sitting here for extortion. | 你是因为敲诈 |
[1:36:46] | I’m sitting here for fraud. | 我是因为欺诈 |
[1:36:49] | – So? – So? So there’s a difference. | -那又怎样 -怎样 是有差别的 |
[1:36:52] | What’s the difference? | 什么差别 |
[1:36:56] | I didn’t threaten anybody, you did. | 我没威胁任何人 但你威胁了 |
[1:36:59] | So what? That makes no sense. | 那又怎样 根本说不通 |
[1:37:01] | What do you mean? It does. | 当然说得通 |
[1:37:02] | No, it doesn’t. I don’t want a debate. | 不 我不想跟你辩论 |
[1:37:04] | – Think about it. – I’m thinking about it, Jimmy. | -想想看 -我在想了 吉米 |
[1:37:07] | No, don’t fuck with me, Jimmy. | 别唬我 吉米 |
[1:37:08] | Just do something about it. | 做点什么 |
[1:37:15] | What do you mean, “do something about it”? | “做点什么”是什么意思 |
[1:37:16] | What am I gonna do? | 我能做什么 |
[1:37:17] | Come on, there’s always something you can do. | 拜托 你总有办法 |
[1:37:19] | No. It’s federal law. | 不 联邦法律我没办法 |
[1:37:21] | – I don’t care. – You don’t care? | -我不管 -你不管 |
[1:37:22] | No, you can still do something about it. | 你还是能做点什么 |
[1:37:25] | There’s nothing I can do. What can I do? | 我无能为力 我能做什么 |
[1:37:26] | You can get my fucking money. | 把我的钱拿回来 |
[1:37:28] | How? | 怎么拿 |
[1:37:29] | – Some other way. – What way? | -找个办法 -什么办法 |
[1:37:30] | The same way you got your money. | 你怎么拿回你的钱 你就怎么帮我 |
[1:37:31] | Lower your fucking voice. | 小点声 |
[1:37:35] | You telling me to lower my voice? | 你让我小点声 |
[1:37:36] | I’m tellin’ you to lower your fucking voice. | 我让你小点声 |
[1:37:37] | Cocksucker. | 鳖孙 |
[1:37:38] | – Don’t call me a cocksucker. – Fuck you. | -别叫我鳖孙 -去你的 |
[1:37:40] | Don’t you fucking dare. | 你再骂我试试 |
[1:37:43] | Look, you’re here for fraud. | 你是因为欺诈进来的 |
[1:37:45] | – You stole money. – I stole money? | -你偷钱 -我偷钱 |
[1:37:47] | Yeah, I stole money. | 我也偷钱 |
[1:37:47] | Okay, fine, in a different way, but still, | 好吧 偷的手段不同 尽管如此 |
[1:37:50] | I want what I’m fucking owed. | 我要我应得的那份 |
[1:37:53] | You people. You people. | 你们这些人 |
[1:37:55] | – What did you say? – Oh, my God! | -你说什么 -天啊 |
[1:37:56] | What did you say? | 你说什么 |
[1:37:57] | Oh, come on, what I said. | 得了吧 还我说什么 |
[1:37:59] | What the fuck did I say? | 我说什么 |
[1:38:00] | “You people.” You said “You people.” | 你说了”你们这些人” |
[1:38:01] | What does that fucking mean, “You people”? | 那是什么意思 “你们这些人” |
[1:38:03] | I’m done | 我不想 |
[1:38:05] | talking about this. | 再谈这事了 |
[1:38:07] | – “You people”? – I’m done! | -解释一下”你们这些人” -我不谈了 |
[1:38:09] | You’re done? I’ll rip your fucking head off! | 你不谈了 看我不把你脑袋拧下来 |
[1:38:11] | Fucking piece of shit! | 你个人渣 |
[1:38:17] | I’ll fucking kill you! | 我要杀了你 |
[1:38:18] | I’ll fucking kill you. Motherfucker! | 我要杀了你 混账 |
[1:38:21] | What the fuck… | 搞什么 |
[1:38:27] | Right then, you knew it was all gonna fall apart. | 那时候你就知道一切将分崩离析 |
[1:39:00] | I can’t believe that crazy bastard | 我不敢相信那个疯狂的王八蛋 |
[1:39:02] | thought he could do that | 竟然觉得自己 |
[1:39:03] | right there at Columbus Circle, in front of 5,000 people | 能在哥伦布广场当着五千人的面得逞 |
[1:39:07] | and get away with it. | 还能逃脱 |
[1:39:08] | I can’t believe it. That is not right, Frankie. | 我不敢相信 那可不对 弗兰克 |
[1:39:11] | That is not right. | 那可不对 |
[1:39:12] | That is a total piece of shit. | 那人是个彻头彻尾的混蛋 |
[1:39:15] | That’s a piece of shit. | 那人是个混蛋 |
[1:39:17] | There’s only one guy who would have the balls, | 只有一个人有胆量 |
[1:39:19] | the nerve, the audacity to do that. | 有勇气那么做 |
[1:39:32] | He was known Downtown as “Joey the Blond,” | 城里叫他金发乔伊 |
[1:39:35] | but everybody, especially the newspapers, | 但所有人 尤其是报纸 |
[1:39:38] | called him “Crazy Joe.” | 都叫他疯子乔 |
[1:39:40] | …shall be the truth, | …向上帝发誓 |
[1:39:42] | the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you God? | 你所说的全是事实 没有任何隐瞒 |
[1:39:45] | – I do. – Be seated. | -我发誓 -请坐 |
[1:39:48] | Mr. Gallo, do you have an opening statement? | 加洛先生 你要做开庭陈述吗 |
[1:39:53] | Yeah. | 要 |
[1:39:57] | This carpet would be great for a crap game. | 这地毯特别适合玩掷骰子 |
[1:40:04] | Russ was right. | 罗素说得对 |
[1:40:05] | I mean, who the hell else runs around with show business people like that, | 还有谁会像他那样和娱乐圈的人鬼混 |
[1:40:08] | getting his picture taken in the papers all the time, | 成天到晚让报纸记者给他拍照 |
[1:40:11] | drawing attention to himself and everybody. What is that? | 想方设法吸引大家的注意力 搞什么 |
[1:40:14] | Who does he think he is, Errol Flynn? | 他以为自己是谁 明星埃罗尔·弗林吗 |
[1:40:17] | He went against everything and everybody. | 他跟所有人和事对着干 |
[1:40:19] | Just didn’t give a shit. | 什么都不在乎 |
[1:40:21] | And, growing up, he kidnapped his own bosses. | 年轻的时候 他绑架了自己的老大 |
[1:40:23] | I don’t know how he got away with that. | 我不知道他是怎么逃脱的 |
[1:40:25] | You don’t get away with that. You do that, you die. | 一般人没法逃脱 绑架老大就是死路一条 |
[1:40:28] | That simple. | 就这么简单 |
[1:40:29] | When he went away to the can, | 他坐牢的时候 |
[1:40:31] | he recruited black guys instead of his own kind. | 招募了黑人而不是白人 |
[1:40:34] | And when he got out, nobody knew what he was doing, | 等他出狱 没人知道他在做什么 |
[1:40:36] | or who he was doing with it. | 跟谁一起做 |
[1:40:37] | We didn’t know what the hell was going on. Nobody did. | 我们不知道是什么情况 没人知道 |
[1:40:40] | And if you don’t like what he’s doing, | 如果你不喜欢他的做法 |
[1:40:42] | and you say something, | 你出声抱怨 |
[1:40:43] | then you see what happens. | 然后你就等着看会发生什么吧 |
[1:41:13] | Who does something like that? Who does things like that? | 谁会做那种事 谁会那么办事 |
[1:41:16] | I’ll tell you. I’ll tell you. | 我告诉你 |
[1:41:19] | This disgraziato. | 这个无赖 |
[1:41:20] | Him and Oswald. Two of a kind. | 他和奥斯瓦尔德是一类的 |
[1:41:23] | At least in Dallas, the kids weren’t there. | 至少在达拉斯 那些孩子不在 |
[1:41:25] | It was just Jackie. | 只有杰姬 |
[1:41:27] | Joey, your doctor called. You died an hour ago. | 乔伊 你的医生打来电话 你一小时之前死了 |
[1:41:31] | You a Jewish fellow? | 你是犹太人吗 |
[1:41:33] | Would you like to be? | 你想当犹太人吗 |
[1:41:35] | Don’t worry about the operation. We don’t do that no more. | 别担心割礼 现在不会那么做了 |
[1:41:37] | We freeze it. | 现在会先打麻药 |
[1:41:39] | And you stand there and don’t do anything | 你就站着什么都不用做 |
[1:41:41] | and a Mexican broad comes over with a wet rock. | 一个墨西哥婆娘拿着块湿石头走过来 |
[1:41:43] | Thwack! | 啪 |
[1:41:44] | See, it’s okay to laugh. I make fun of everybody. | 大笑没问题 我开所有人的玩笑 |
[1:41:47] | That’s why God put us on this earth, to laugh. | 上帝带我们来到世上就是为了让我们笑 |
[1:41:50] | I work everyone. | 所有人都是我的讽刺对象 |
[1:41:51] | I make fun of blacks, I make fun of Jews. | 我开黑人玩笑 我开犹太人玩笑 |
[1:41:53] | I work Gypsies, I work Italians. | 吉普赛人 意大利人 |
[1:41:55] | Well, not those Italians. | 那些意大利人可不行 |
[1:41:58] | No, no, no, no! | 不不不 |
[1:41:59] | It’s okay, Joey. I got the money. Don’t shoot. | 没事的 乔伊 我有钱 别开枪 |
[1:42:04] | I was told today, | 他们今天告诉我 |
[1:42:05] | “Be very careful about what you say.” | “说话千万小心” |
[1:42:07] | But, uh, all kidding aside, happy birthday, Joey. | 但抛开那些玩笑 生日快乐 乔伊 |
[1:42:22] | Russ. | 罗素 |
[1:42:26] | What are you doing with that? | 你戴那个干什么 |
[1:42:30] | You really believe in that bullshit league? | 你真相信那个狗屁联盟 |
[1:42:33] | Well, it’s not that. | 不是因为那个 |
[1:42:35] | It’s Italian. | 是意大利裔 |
[1:42:36] | Joey. Joey. | 乔伊 乔伊 |
[1:42:37] | – What did I say? – Oh, no, no. | -我说什么了 -不不不 |
[1:42:39] | – What did I say? – Joey, Joey. Joey. Joey. | -我说什么了 -乔伊 乔伊 |
[1:42:41] | Now, listen. | 听我说 |
[1:42:43] | You can’t say that stuff like that here. Okay? You can’t do that. | 你不能在这儿说那种话 明白吗 不行 |
[1:42:46] | Why not? Rickles is the only one who can make jokes? | 为什么 只有瑞克斯能开玩笑吗 |
[1:42:48] | The man’s a boss. | 他是老大 |
[1:42:49] | So I’m a boss. He’s a boss. | 我也是老大 他是老大 |
[1:42:51] | We’re all supposed to be brothers, right? | 那我们应该是兄弟 对吧 |
[1:42:52] | I know you’re a boss. | 我知道你是老大 |
[1:42:53] | I know, but we don’t wanna have a beef now. Okay? | 我知道 但我们现在不想吵 对吧 |
[1:42:55] | – We’re brothers, right? – That’s right, brothers. | -我们是兄弟 对吧 -没错 兄弟 |
[1:42:57] | – We’re brothers? – You’re brothers. | -我们是兄弟吧 -你们是兄弟 |
[1:42:58] | – We’re brothers. – I’m not arguing with you. | -我们是兄弟 -我不跟你争 |
[1:43:00] | Everybody’s a brother. | 大家都是兄弟 |
[1:43:01] | That’s right, you’re a brother. You’re his brother. | 没错 你是兄弟 你是他兄弟 |
[1:43:03] | I’m not, but you guys are. | 我不是 但你们是 |
[1:43:04] | So that’s why I would like it if you just… | 所以如果你能给点面子就好了 |
[1:43:07] | – All right. – Okay? | -好 -好吗 |
[1:43:08] | – We’re brothers? – You’re brothers. | -我们是兄弟 -对 |
[1:43:09] | Yeah. It’s my birthday. | 对 今天我过生日 |
[1:43:11] | Happy birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[1:43:12] | Happy birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[1:43:16] | Get the fuck out of here. | 赶紧滚吧 |
[1:43:39] | Now, for something like this, | 要做这种活儿 |
[1:43:41] | you’re gonna need two guns. | 你需要两把枪 |
[1:43:43] | The one you’re gonna use and a backup. | 一把是用的 一把是后备 |
[1:43:47] | You want something with more stopping power than a .22. | 要比点22口径的更有威慑力 |
[1:43:55] | You definitely don’t want a silencer. | 绝对不用消音器 |
[1:43:57] | You want to make a lot of noise to make the witnesses run away | 要弄出很大响声 吓得目击者逃走 |
[1:44:00] | so they ain’t gonna be looking at you. | 这样他们就不会看你了 |
[1:44:05] | But not the noise a .45 makes | 但点45口径的响声可不行 |
[1:44:07] | ’cause that makes too much noise, | 那样动静就太大了 |
[1:44:09] | and a patrol car can hear it a few blocks away at least. | 几个街区外的巡逻警车都能听到 |
[1:44:16] | The cops call a .32 a woman’s gun because it’s easier to handle | 警察管点32口径的叫女士枪 因为它比较好控制 |
[1:44:19] | and don’t do the damage a .38 does, | 没有点38口径的破坏力 |
[1:44:21] | but, you know, it does enough. | 但是足够了 |
[1:44:31] | It would be late, so the tourists from Idaho | 到时候是深夜 爱达荷州的游客不会在那儿 |
[1:44:36] | wouldn’t be there. They’d be in bed. | 他们已经睡觉了 |
[1:44:38] | And him being down there in Little Italy, | 他在小意大利区 |
[1:44:40] | maybe he’d be more comfortable, more relaxed. | 也许会更自在 更放松 |
[1:44:44] | It was his birthday so he’d be there with his wife | 那天是他生日 所以他会带着老婆孩子一起去 |
[1:44:47] | and his kid which, in this case, | 这样正好 |
[1:44:50] | that’s good because that’s the point. | 因为这正是我们的目的 |
[1:44:52] | They should have to see what it’s like. | 应该让他们亲眼见识 |
[1:44:56] | He’d already been drinking, | 他已经喝了不少酒 |
[1:44:58] | which would have slowed him down a lot. | 这样他会迟缓很多 |
[1:45:01] | His bodyguard would be with him | 他的保镖会跟着他 |
[1:45:02] | and Joey himself could be carrying, too, | 乔伊自己也应该是带着枪的 |
[1:45:04] | but then the piece would be in his wife’s purse probably. | 但他的枪可能在他老婆的包里 |
[1:45:14] | You never got a lot of advance notice. | 从来不会事先对你透露多少 |
[1:45:17] | All you knew was your part of it. | 你只知道你到时候要做什么 |
[1:45:21] | John the Redhead knew only one thing: | 红发约翰只知道 |
[1:45:24] | he was gonna drop me off, | 他要开车送我过去 |
[1:45:26] | circle the block and pick me up. | 绕着街区转 然后再接我 |
[1:45:37] | You wanna take out the bodyguard first. | 你得先解决掉保镖 |
[1:45:40] | Not kill him. Don’t kill him, just disable him. | 不是杀他 别杀他 让他失去行动能力就好 |
[1:45:44] | You got no argument with him, | 你跟他无冤无仇 |
[1:45:45] | so, not in the face or the chest. | 所以别照着脸或者胸膛来一枪 |
[1:45:49] | Sometimes, with something like this, | 有时 干这种活儿 |
[1:45:52] | you might want to go to the bathroom first. | 你可能想先去趟厕所 |
[1:45:55] | It gives you a chance to make sure nobody followed you in. | 好确定没人跟踪你进来 |
[1:45:58] | It also gives you a chance to make sure | 也能让你确定 |
[1:45:59] | nobody is in the bathroom you have to worry about. | 无需担心厕所里的人 |
[1:46:03] | It also gives you a chance to go to the bathroom. | 也给你机会上趟厕所 |
[1:46:05] | You don’t want to be uncomfortable. | 干活的时候你不想不舒服 |
[1:46:07] | But I went before, and in a place this small, this late, | 但我之前去过 深夜在这么个小餐厅 |
[1:46:11] | you might as well just get to work. | 直接干活就行了 |
[1:46:13] | We need more wine, all right? | 再来点红酒 |
[1:46:14] | Tommy, some more wine. | 汤米 再来点红酒 |
[1:46:16] | So how about after? | 之后呢 |
[1:46:17] | – Cake, cake, cake! – Not yet. | -蛋糕 蛋糕 蛋糕 -现在还不行 |
[1:46:20] | You’re not even done eating the meal yet. | 你还没吃完饭呢 |
[1:46:21] | You want the cake? Come on, you can’t do that. | 你要蛋糕 得了吧 不能这样 |
[1:46:27] | Shit! | 靠 |
[1:46:28] | Fuck! Fuck! | 操 操 |
[1:47:04] | It happened in New York’s Little Italy, | 此事发生在纽约的小意大利区 |
[1:47:06] | an area rumored to be neutral territory among mobsters. | 传言这里是黑帮的中立地带 |
[1:47:09] | After the killing, | 凶杀之后 |
[1:47:10] | police found several guns and some fingerprints | 警方找到了几把枪以及一些指纹 |
[1:47:13] | which they were tracing today. | 今日正在追查 |
[1:47:15] | Joseph “Crazy Joe” Gallo | “疯子乔”乔瑟夫·加洛 |
[1:47:16] | had come to the intimate seafood restaurant to cap an evening of celebration | 晚间来到这家温馨的海鲜餐厅 |
[1:47:21] | with his new bride of less than a month, | 与他结婚不满一个月的妻子 |
[1:47:22] | and his 11-year-old daughter by a previous marriage. | 以及与前妻所生的十一岁女儿一起庆祝 |
[1:47:25] | They were, uh, celebrating Joe’s 47th birthday. | 他们在庆祝乔的47岁生日 |
[1:47:29] | They had been to a nightclub early in the evening. | 那晚他们先去了一家夜店 |
[1:47:32] | They were sitting at a rear table, this group of six people, | 他们坐在餐厅后面的一桌 总共六个人 |
[1:47:37] | when a, uh… | 然后 |
[1:47:39] | a man walked in from the back door, | 一个男人从后门进来 |
[1:47:41] | and he walked up, uh, | 直接走到 |
[1:47:44] | to the side of the table. He fired three shots. | 走到桌子边上 开了三枪 |
[1:47:47] | He hit Joe twice | 他打了乔两枪 |
[1:47:49] | – and he hit his bodyguard… – Peggy, let’s go. | -还打了他的保镖 -佩琪 走吧 |
[1:47:51] | …Pete the Greek, one time. | 希腊人皮特一枪 |
[1:47:53] | There was a total of 14 shots fired. | 一共开了十四枪 |
[1:47:56] | Peggy, come on. | 佩琪 走吧 |
[1:47:57] | It’s quiet here on President Street, | 乔伊·加洛的地盘总统街上 |
[1:47:59] | Joey Gallo’s turf. | 非常安静 |
[1:48:02] | In fact, it’s too quiet. | 甚至有些太安静了 |
[1:48:04] | Out here in Brooklyn, | 在布鲁克林 |
[1:48:05] | Joey Gallo was a hero. | 乔伊·加洛是个英雄 |
[1:48:06] | Speculation has it that his death may start a gang war, | 据猜测 他的死亡或将引发一场帮派战争 |
[1:48:10] | if it hasn’t already begun. | 可能已经悄然开始 |
[1:48:46] | – Take it easy, Jimmy. – You too, Mikey. | -你好好的 吉米 -你也是 麦奇 |
[1:48:48] | Take good care, Jimmy. | 保重了 吉米 |
[1:48:50] | If I don’t see you again, hello. | 以防再也不见 问个好 |
[1:48:51] | Four years later and $500,000 under the table | 四年后 花了五十万美元 |
[1:48:55] | to Nixon’s re-election committee, | 贿赂尼克松的连任委员会 |
[1:48:57] | Jimmy finally got what he wanted. | 吉米终于得偿所愿 |
[1:48:59] | Sorry, but I won’t be back. | 抱歉 不过我不会再回来了 |
[1:49:00] | A presidential pardon and his parole. | 总统特赦以及假释 |
[1:49:03] | Jimmy! | 吉米 |
[1:49:05] | What are you gonna do now, Jimmy? | 你现在打算做什么 吉米 |
[1:49:07] | Well, the first thing I’m gonna do is register | 我要做的第一件事就是 |
[1:49:10] | with the Federal Probation Office, | 去联邦缓刑办公室登记 |
[1:49:12] | and then I’m going down to Florida with my wife to get some sun. | 然后就和我妻子一起去佛州晒太阳 |
[1:49:16] | Any plans after that? | 那之后有什么计划吗 |
[1:49:17] | Yeah, I’m gonna take back control of my union. | 我要夺回我工会的控制权 |
[1:49:20] | How’re you gonna do that, Jimmy? | 你要怎么做 吉米 |
[1:49:23] | How do you like Fitz running against you? | 菲茨也要竞选 你感觉怎么样 |
[1:49:25] | I don’t. | 感觉不好 |
[1:49:26] | Jimmy, what was it like being locked up all that time? | 吉米 被关这么久是什么感觉 |
[1:49:28] | It was wonderful. Had a great time. | 非常好 我很开心 |
[1:49:31] | The first thing I did was, | 我做的第一件事就是 |
[1:49:32] | I picked up some chili dogs from Lum’s, | 去卢姆餐厅买了几个辣味热狗 |
[1:49:34] | which Jimmy loved almost as much as ice cream. | 吉米爱热狗就像爱冰激淋 |
[1:49:37] | A consultant to President | 理查德·尼克松总统 |
[1:49:38] | Richard Nixon’s re-election campaign committee… | 连任竞选委员会的一名顾问 |
[1:49:41] | The secret is they steam them in beer. | 他们的秘诀就是用啤酒蒸香肠 |
[1:49:43] | There ain’t a better hot dog in America. | 这是全美最好吃的热狗 |
[1:49:45] | Police say McCord and his accomplices | 警方称麦考德和他的同谋 |
[1:49:47] | brought electronic listening devices with them | 随身带了电子监听设备 |
[1:49:50] | and had removed two ceiling panels… | 还卸下了两块天花板 |
[1:49:53] | …while installing eavesdropping equipment | 以便在民主党全国委员会 |
[1:49:55] | at the Democratic National Committee. | 安装窃听设备 |
[1:49:58] | Look at this. He’s got the balls to run for President of the Teamsters. | 你看看 他还真有胆子竞选工会主席 |
[1:50:01] | Look at this. And Tony Pro giving him an award. | 你看看 托尼·普罗还给他颁奖了 |
[1:50:03] | This fuck… Do you believe it? | 这混蛋 你信吗 |
[1:50:05] | Look, Fitz is very popular with certain people. | 菲茨很受特定人群的欢迎 |
[1:50:08] | Of course he’s popular. Who wouldn’t be popular? | 他当然受欢迎 能不受欢迎吗 |
[1:50:10] | He loans money to every goombah who asks. | 哪个弟兄问他借钱他都给 |
[1:50:12] | That’s why Tony’s behind him. He’s given Fitz all his votes. | 所以托尼支持他 他把选票都给菲茨了 |
[1:50:16] | You got great support from most of the union. | 你受工会大多数人的支持 |
[1:50:18] | All you need is Tony Pro’s | 你只需要托尼·普罗 |
[1:50:19] | voters in the Northeast, and you can win. | 在东北部的选民 你就能赢 |
[1:50:21] | – You sure you don’t want one of these? – No, thank you. | -你真不要吃一个吗 -不了 谢谢 |
[1:50:23] | I just can’t believe I gotta go to Tony Pro to get votes. | 我就是不敢相信我要去找托尼·普罗要选票 |
[1:50:27] | What is that? | 这都什么跟什么 |
[1:50:30] | Tony has Fitz in his pocket, Jimmy. | 托尼牢牢控制着菲茨 吉米 |
[1:50:33] | Wise guys don’t run the union. | 工会不受黑帮控制 |
[1:50:34] | With Fitz, they do. | 有菲茨就行 |
[1:50:37] | Jimmy, listen, as soon as you’re back as president, | 吉米 等你重新当上主席 |
[1:50:39] | you can do anything you want to. | 你想做什么就做什么 |
[1:50:40] | You can fire anybody you want to. | 你想解雇谁就解雇谁 |
[1:50:42] | You can even fire Tony Pro. | 你把托尼·普罗解雇了都行 |
[1:50:46] | You could stand over him, watch him clear out his desk. | 你可以盯着他 让他清空桌子 |
[1:50:48] | You could strip-search the guy. | 还可以让他脱光 搜他的身 |
[1:50:51] | Make sure he doesn’t walk off with a paper clip. | 确保他走的时候连个回形针都带不走 |
[1:50:53] | Yes. See that? Did you hear that? | 对 听见没 你听见没 |
[1:50:57] | See, everybody thinks Jo’s the nice one | 所有人都以为乔是白脸 |
[1:50:59] | and I’m the bad guy. | 我是黑脸 |
[1:51:00] | But it’s opposite. | 但其实是反过来 |
[1:51:02] | She’s the killer and I’m the sweetheart. | 她是大灰狼 我是小绵羊 |
[1:51:06] | Now I gotta make peace with the cocksucker. | 现在我要去和狗杂种讲和了 |
[1:51:10] | I want to make up with you. | 我想和你重归于好 |
[1:51:12] | I need you to endorse me. Please, Tony. | 我需要你支持我 拜托了 托尼 |
[1:51:16] | Please. | 求你了 |
[1:51:17] | Fucking… | 该死 |
[1:51:19] | I’m not gonna get through this. | 这事我做不来 |
[1:51:20] | You gotta talk to him, that’s all. Just… | 你跟他谈谈就可以了 |
[1:51:23] | You gotta deal with it, that’s all. | 你得处理好 |
[1:51:24] | Let the chips fall where they may. | 顺其自然吧 |
[1:51:25] | He is a cocksucker, though. | 不过他真是个狗杂种 |
[1:51:28] | If I sat down with him, would you come along? | 要是我坐下和他谈 你一起来吗 |
[1:51:30] | What are you talking about? Of course. | 你说什么呢 当然了 |
[1:51:31] | How am I not gonna go with you? | 我怎么会不跟你去 |
[1:51:42] | Fuck it. Let’s go. | 妈的 走吧 |
[1:51:43] | Jimmy, Jimmy. Give it a chance. | 吉米 吉米 给个机会 |
[1:51:45] | Give it a chance. Give it a few more minutes. | 给个机会 再等几分钟 |
[1:51:49] | – Just… – This isn’t right. | -就 -这样不行 |
[1:51:51] | This isn’t right. You don’t do this. | 这样不行 怎么能这样 |
[1:51:53] | You don’t keep a man waiting. | 怎么能让人干等 |
[1:51:55] | I know. I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[1:51:57] | The only time you do | 真要让人等 |
[1:51:59] | is when you want to say something. | 就代表你有话要说 |
[1:52:03] | – I know. – When you want to say “Fuck you.” | -我知道 -你想说”去死” |
[1:52:05] | That’s the only time. | 只有这种解释 |
[1:52:08] | Here they are. | 来了 |
[1:52:11] | Can you believe this weather, Frank? Huh? | 你能相信这天气吗 弗兰克 |
[1:52:13] | It’s 85 degrees outside. Perfect. | 外面快三十度了 真好 |
[1:52:16] | Tony Jack. | 我是托尼·杰克 |
[1:52:18] | Jimmy. | 我是吉米 |
[1:52:19] | People freezing to death in New York and look at us, huh? | 纽约的人都要冻死了 看看我们 |
[1:52:23] | Why we don’t live here all year round is what I wanna know. | 我就想知道 我们干嘛不一直住在这里 |
[1:52:25] | Beautiful. | 太棒了 |
[1:52:27] | – It’s summer. – What? | -这是夏天 -什么 |
[1:52:30] | It’s summer. | 这是夏天 |
[1:52:32] | People aren’t freezing to death in New York. | 纽约的人没要冻死 |
[1:52:35] | It’s summer. | 现在是夏天 |
[1:52:39] | In my mind, it’s always eight degrees in New York. | 在我心里 纽约一直零下十三度 |
[1:52:41] | I’m making a point. | 我就想表个态 |
[1:52:43] | You’re making a point. | 你想表个态 |
[1:52:45] | Making a point dressing like that? | 穿成这样表态 |
[1:52:47] | Is that how you dress for a meeting? | 你开会就穿成这样吗 |
[1:52:50] | This is how you dress in Florida? In a suit? | 你在佛州就穿成这样吗 穿西装 |
[1:52:54] | For a meeting? | 去开会吗 |
[1:52:56] | Anywhere. Florida, Timbuktu, I dress in a suit. | 别说佛州 不管在什么鬼地方 |
[1:52:59] | For a meetin’. | 我开会都穿西装 |
[1:53:01] | – And you’re late. – What? | -而且你迟到了 -什么 |
[1:53:04] | You’re late. | 你迟到了 |
[1:53:07] | Yeah, there was traffic. | 嗯 路上堵车 |
[1:53:08] | Yes, traffic. | 是啊 堵车 |
[1:53:10] | Wasn’t there traffic? | 是不是堵车了 |
[1:53:11] | – You give me traffic? – There was traffic. | -来堵车这一套 -的确堵车 |
[1:53:13] | What do you want from us? | 你想要我们怎么办 |
[1:53:14] | It was bumper to fuckin’ bumper. | 保险杠都抵着保险杠了 |
[1:53:15] | Yeah, yeah. No, it’s bad, you know? | 是啊 堵车确实严重 |
[1:53:17] | Traffic. | 堵车 |
[1:53:19] | I never waited for anyone who was late | 我这辈子从来没有 |
[1:53:23] | more than ten minutes in my life. | 等人超过十分钟 |
[1:53:26] | I’d say fifteen. Fifteen’s right. | 十五分钟吧 比较合适 |
[1:53:28] | No, ten. | 不 十分钟 |
[1:53:30] | I don’t think so, ten’s not enough. | 我觉得不行 十分钟不够 |
[1:53:32] | You have to take traffic into account. | 你得算上堵车的时间 |
[1:53:34] | That’s what I’m doing. I’m taking traffic into account. | 我算了 堵车的时间算进去了 |
[1:53:38] | That’s why it’s ten. | 所以给了十分钟 |
[1:53:39] | – I still say 15. – No, ten. | -我还是坚持十五分钟 -十分钟 |
[1:53:42] | Fine. We disagree on that. | 行吧 这点我们保留意见 |
[1:53:44] | How about twelve and a half minutes? | 要不就十二分半 |
[1:53:46] | There we go, 12.5. | 这就对了 十二分半 |
[1:53:47] | The middle. Right in the middle. Beautiful. | 中间值 正中间 太好了 |
[1:53:49] | More than ten… | 超过十分钟 |
[1:53:52] | you’re saying something. | 你就是有话要说了 |
[1:53:54] | – You saying something to me? – I’m here. | -你有话要对我说吗 -我来了 |
[1:53:58] | It says what it says. | 就这个意思 |
[1:54:01] | So there it is. | 那就这样吧 |
[1:54:04] | Where do we go from here? | 接下来怎么谈 |
[1:54:08] | Well, what can I do for you? | 我能为你做什么 |
[1:54:13] | I want you… | 我希望你 |
[1:54:16] | I… | 我 |
[1:54:18] | I want you to endorse me… | 我希望你支持我 |
[1:54:22] | for you know what. | 支持什么你也清楚 |
[1:54:25] | Before we get to that, let’s straighten that other thing up. | 在我们谈那个之前 先把另一件事讲清楚 |
[1:54:27] | No. The other thing is none of my business. | 不 另一件事与我无关 |
[1:54:30] | I can’t do anything about your pension. | 你的养老金我做不了主 |
[1:54:32] | I can’t. Not with Fitz in there. Fitz is in there, you know. | 不行 菲茨在就不行 菲茨是主席 |
[1:54:36] | – You go to Fitz. – I did. | -你去找菲茨 -找了 |
[1:54:37] | – He’ll help you out. – I did. | -他会帮你 -我找了 |
[1:54:38] | He said he’ll take care of it, no questions asked. | 他说会帮我解决 没问题 |
[1:54:41] | You wouldn’t do that but he will. | 你不愿意 但是他愿意 |
[1:54:43] | I meant the other thing. | 我是说另一件事 |
[1:54:47] | What other thing? | 哪件事 |
[1:54:48] | You know. | 你很清楚 |
[1:54:49] | I don’t know. | 我不清楚 |
[1:54:51] | Your apology. | 你要道歉 |
[1:54:54] | My apology? | 我要道歉 |
[1:54:57] | My apology for what? | 我道什么歉 |
[1:54:58] | For what you said when you were sitting there | 就是那时你像个国王一样 |
[1:55:00] | eating your ice cream like some fucking king. | 吃着冰激淋说出的话 |
[1:55:03] | That was an ethnic slur. “You people.” | 那可是种族污蔑 “你们这些人” |
[1:55:07] | – Did you know what he said? – Nah, I mean, I heard… | -你知道他说了什么吗 -不 我听说 |
[1:55:09] | I heard you had an altercation in the can, but I don’t know. | 我听说你们在牢里吵了一架 但我不清楚 |
[1:55:11] | Yeah, “You people.” | 对 “你们这些人” |
[1:55:14] | That’s what you said. Right, Jim? | 你就这么说的 对吧 吉米 |
[1:55:17] | “You people.” Am I beneath you? | “你们这些人” 我是不如你吗 |
[1:55:22] | Definitely. | 一点没错 |
[1:55:23] | – Jimmy, come on. – Jimmy, what’re you doing? | -吉米 别这样 -吉米 你干嘛 |
[1:55:25] | Don’t forget, “You people” got you where you are. | 别忘了 你今天的地位全靠”我们这些人” |
[1:55:27] | Don’t…don’t tell me that, you fucking… | 别 别跟我说这种话 你个狗东… |
[1:55:29] | That’s your problem, Jimmy. | 那就是你的问题所在 吉米 |
[1:55:30] | Your problem is you’re a piece of shit. | 你的问题在于你是个人渣 |
[1:55:32] | Jimmy, come on. | 吉米 拜托 |
[1:55:33] | – Jimmy, what are you doin’? – Jesus, Jimmy, come on. | -吉米 你在干什么 -天呐 吉米 别这样 |
[1:55:35] | I asked for your endorsement and you’re giving me all this crap. | 我叫你支持我 你却跟我说这么多废话 |
[1:55:38] | I asked for your apology. | 我叫你向我道歉 |
[1:55:39] | Who the fuck are you to apologize to? | 你他妈算老几 我为什么要向你道歉 |
[1:55:42] | Jimmy… | 吉米 |
[1:55:42] | Who the fuck are you? | 你他妈算老几啊 |
[1:55:44] | Be gentle. | 和气点 |
[1:55:45] | – I don’t need this. – Let’s just sit down. Tony. | -我不需要跟你谈 -坐下吧 托尼 |
[1:55:47] | I need this? I need you? | 我就需要吗 难道我需要你 |
[1:55:49] | – Yeah, you need me. – Oh, please. | -没错 你需要我 -得了吧 |
[1:55:50] | Jimmy, come on. You’re asking him for something. | 吉米 拜托 你对他有所求 |
[1:55:52] | The guy gets me nervous. He talks about things that get me upset. | 这家伙让我紧张 他总是说些让我生气的话 |
[1:55:54] | – Take it easy. – Everybody’s here. | -冷静点 -既然大家都来了 |
[1:55:56] | Let’s have the fucking meeting. Come on. | 我们就赶紧开会吧 来吧 |
[1:55:59] | – Let’s talk. – That’s all. | -我们好好谈谈 -仅此而已 |
[1:56:01] | He’s here. | 他人来了 |
[1:56:06] | Was this the altercation youse had in the can? | 你们在牢里吵的就是这个吗 |
[1:56:08] | Yeah, it was something like this. | 嗯 跟这差不多吧 |
[1:56:09] | We… We got to arm wrestling. | 我们 我们最后打了起来 |
[1:56:12] | He lost. | 他输了 |
[1:56:13] | I lost. You should see his ribs. | 有脸说我输了 你该瞧瞧他的肋骨 |
[1:56:16] | Why don’t you just talk about what you need to talk about. | 你们还是谈正事吧 别扯其他的 |
[1:56:18] | – That’s right. – Yeah. | -没错 -就是啊 |
[1:56:20] | What do you want me to do? | 你希望我怎么做 |
[1:56:22] | I said, “You people.” | 我的确说了”你们这些人” |
[1:56:23] | What do you want me to do, apologize for it? | 你希望我怎么做 为此道歉吗 |
[1:56:25] | That’s exactly what I want, Jimmy. An apology. | 那正是我想要的 吉米 一句道歉 |
[1:56:27] | I’ll apologize for it. | 那我就为此道歉 |
[1:56:29] | That’s all I want. | 我也别无他求 |
[1:56:32] | After you apologize for being late, | 前提是你先为这次迟到道歉 |
[1:56:36] | you motherfucking wop cocksucker. | 你个狗娘养的外国佬 |
[1:56:40] | Jimmy, are you out of your fucking mind? | 吉米 你他妈是疯了吗 |
[1:56:42] | I’ll apologize for being late | 我可以为迟到道歉 |
[1:56:44] | after I kidnap your granddaughter, rip her guts out, | 但我会先绑架你孙女 把她的内脏挖出来 |
[1:56:47] | and send them to you in a fucking envelope! | 然后装在信封里寄给你 |
[1:56:52] | Get him off! Come on! | 把他拉开 快 |
[1:56:55] | I’ll fucking kill him! | 我要杀了他 |
[1:56:55] | – Come on, Tony! – Jesus! | -别打了 托尼 -天呐 |
[1:57:03] | You think Russ would… | 你觉得罗素… |
[1:57:04] | would do something about this guy? | 会不会解决掉那家伙 |
[1:57:07] | That’s complicated. | 那很复杂 |
[1:57:10] | Yeah. It’s complicated. | 是啊 的确很复杂 |
[1:57:11] | I’d like to clip the motherfucker myself, you know, | 我倒是想亲手宰了那个狗东西 |
[1:57:13] | – Get the okay from them. But… – I know. | -获得他们的同意 但是… -我懂 |
[1:57:16] | This guy’s gotta go. | 必须除掉这家伙 |
[1:57:18] | He’s gotta go, Frank. | 必须除掉他 弗兰克 |
[1:57:20] | I’m not gonna get the okay to do that. | 他们不可能同意我这么做的 |
[1:57:23] | Frank, just talk to the guy. | 弗兰克 跟那家伙谈谈 |
[1:57:26] | Okay? Just talk to him. | 好吗 找他好好谈谈 |
[1:57:29] | 纽约 东哈莱姆区 第115大街 | |
[1:57:36] | These guys from Jersey keep fucking calling me | 泽西的那些家伙不停给我打电话 |
[1:57:38] | about this bullshit between these two guys. | 跟我说这两人之间的矛盾 |
[1:57:40] | I’m gonna tell you the same thing I told them. | 我把我对他们说的话再跟你们说一遍 |
[1:57:43] | I don’t approve of what Pro said about Jimmy. | 我不认同普罗针对吉米说的那些话 |
[1:57:45] | No. | 是啊 |
[1:57:46] | I mean, who talks like that about a person’s grandchildren? | 谁会那样去威胁别人的孙辈啊 |
[1:57:49] | – It’s not fucking right. – No. | -那是不对的 -是啊 |
[1:57:51] | 托尼·萨雷诺 绰号”胖子托尼” 被判一百年徒刑 1992年死于狱中 享年80岁 | |
[1:57:56] | But Pro isn’t nobody. | 但普罗也不是无名小卒 |
[1:57:58] | Jimmy should know that. | 吉米应该明白这点的 |
[1:58:00] | What am I gonna go? | 我能怎么办 |
[1:58:01] | I’m not gonna tell this guy what he can or can’t fucking say, | 我又没办法告诫那家伙能说什么 不能说什么 |
[1:58:04] | like he’s a child. | 把他当小孩管教 |
[1:58:05] | Well, listen. | 听着 |
[1:58:07] | Jimmy don’t mean nothing. He just gets upset. | 吉米其实没什么恶意 他只是很生气 |
[1:58:09] | Russ, come on, we all know he’s a fucking hothead. | 罗素 拜托 我们都知道他暴躁易怒 |
[1:58:11] | We’re all hotheads once in a while. | 我们都曾有过暴躁易怒的时候 |
[1:58:12] | Yeah, but Jimmy says things he shouldn’t say sometimes. | 是没错 但吉米有时会说些不该说的话 |
[1:58:14] | Yeah. We all do that too. | 是 我们有时也都会那样 |
[1:58:16] | Well, somebody should just calm him down. | 该有人让他冷静下来 |
[1:58:23] | Yeah, well, that… I’m gonna… | 好吧 我会… |
[1:58:24] | I’m gonna calm him down. He’s difficult, but… | 我会让他冷静下来的 他很不好搞 但… |
[1:58:27] | Maybe this could help him calm down. | 或许这能帮他冷静下来 |
[1:58:28] | You could tell him that I always liked him. | 你可以告诉他 我向来都很喜欢他 |
[1:58:32] | And I won’t stand in his way of him trying to get his job back. | 并且我不会阻拦他夺回他的职位 |
[1:58:35] | I will. I will tell him that, Tony. | 我会的 我会告诉他这点的 托尼 |
[1:58:37] | – Okay? – Yes. | -好吗 -好的 |
[1:58:38] | That’s not making me calm down. | 那可无法让我冷静下来 |
[1:58:40] | Standing by me. | 站我这边 |
[1:58:42] | What the fuck does that mean? | 那他妈是什么意思 |
[1:58:44] | Standing by me ain’t the same thing as doing something | 站我这边跟采取措施 |
[1:58:48] | about some out-of-control fucking psycho! | 处理一个失控的疯子 可不是一回事 |
[1:58:52] | Jimmy, the Little Guy ain’t a nobody. | 吉米 矮子可不是无名小卒 |
[1:58:54] | You gotta understand that. | 你必须明白这点 |
[1:58:55] | – He ain’t a nobody. – He’s a cocksucker. | -他可不是无名小卒 -他是个龟孙 |
[1:58:56] | Fitz is a cocksucker. | 菲茨也是个龟孙 |
[1:58:59] | I’m gonna deal with both these cocksuckers… | 我要把这些龟孙全都解决掉 |
[1:59:02] | myself! | 我亲自动手 |
[1:59:04] | This used to be my office. | 这里以前是我的办公室 |
[1:59:06] | Go look for Frank Fitzsimmons there. You’re not gonna find him. | 进去找弗兰克·菲茨西蒙斯吧 你们是找不到他的 |
[1:59:09] | That’s because he travels all over the country | 因为他在全国各地旅游 |
[1:59:12] | looking for goddamn golf courses because that’s what he does. | 寻找好的高尔夫球场 他就只会干这个 |
[1:59:15] | He plays golf. | 他喜欢打高尔夫 |
[1:59:16] | Who is he to run around with Nixon, | 他算老几 能跟在尼克松身边 |
[1:59:18] | run around with the attorney general? | 跟在司法部长身边 |
[1:59:20] | He does this and collects full-time salary while he’s doing it. | 他整天就知道打高尔夫 还能领全额薪水 |
[1:59:25] | Now, how do you do that? | 那是怎么做到的 |
[1:59:26] | There’s not enough hours in a day to do this job. | 这份工作 一天24小时都不够忙活的 |
[1:59:29] | I was sent to prison for fraud. | 我因为欺诈罪被判刑入狱 |
[1:59:32] | This is fraud, what he’s doing. | 他的所为 才叫欺诈呢 |
[1:59:36] | So what’s Fitz’s answer to Jimmy? | 那么菲茨对吉米的回应是怎样的呢 |
[1:59:38] | He does it by sending a message | 他给吉米的老朋友 |
[1:59:39] | to Jimmy’s old friend, Dave Johnson. | 戴夫·约翰逊传达了一条信息 |
[1:59:42] | Now, Dave Johnson, he ran Local 299. | 戴夫·约翰逊 他是299号地方工会的主席 |
[1:59:47] | This was the message. | 信息是这样的 |
[1:59:53] | So this is how Fitz says | 菲茨就是以这种方式表明 |
[1:59:54] | he wants my old pal Dave Johnson to step down | 他希望我的老朋友戴夫·约翰逊退位 |
[1:59:58] | so he can have his son take over Local 299. | 好让他的儿子接管299号地方工会 |
[2:00:03] | This is how I’m gonna say no to his son, little fucking Fitz. | 那么我打算用接下来的方式拒绝他儿子小菲茨 |
[2:00:08] | She looked a lot like your mother. | 她长得很像你妈 |
[2:00:10] | About the same size. | 体型都差不多 |
[2:00:11] | Pops, come on, you told me like a thousand times. | 爸 拜托 你都说了上千遍了 |
[2:00:11] | Good-looking girl. She was a good-looking girl. | 长得漂亮 她长得很漂亮 |
[2:00:14] | But I had no idea that it wasn’t your mother. | 但我当时真不知道那不是你妈 |
[2:00:17] | It was dark and… | 当时那里很暗… |
[2:00:23] | 约·霍法 运输部 女助理 | |
[2:00:26] | This is how Fitz says he doesn’t like | 接下来菲茨用这种方式表明他不喜欢 |
[2:00:29] | who I say runs the 299. | 我选定的299号工会负责人 |
[2:00:32] | By firing my wife | 他开除了我老婆 |
[2:00:33] | from her forty-eight-fucking-thousand- dollar-a-year union job! | 让她失去了年薪4.8万美元的工会工作 |
[2:01:20] | Son of a bitch. Fuck him! | 狗娘养的 他去死吧 |
[2:01:23] | He had previously taped the locks | 他事先在水门大厦 |
[2:01:25] | on the entry door of the basement of the Watergate… | 大门的锁上贴了个胶带 |
[2:01:28] | – What are you looking at? – Uh, it’s… | -你在看什么 -就… |
[2:01:31] | It’s Big Ears. | 是大耳朵 |
[2:01:32] | 小埃弗雷特·霍华德·亨特 前中情局探员 | |
[2:01:32] | He had noticed that the tape had been removed, | 他注意到那个胶带被人撕掉了 |
[2:01:36] | and he re-taped the door. | 于是他又重新贴了胶带 |
[2:01:39] | Big Ears? | 大耳朵 |
[2:01:41] | That’s, uh… | 那是… |
[2:01:42] | Somebody I met a long time ago. Just… | 我很多年前认识的一个人 |
[2:01:46] | His ears ain’t so big. | 他的耳朵也没那么大啊 |
[2:01:47] | …at that point, I said “Let us junk it,” | 那个时候 我就说 “收工吧” |
[2:01:50] | meaning let us scrap the operation. | 也就是放弃行动 |
[2:01:52] | Mr. Liddy and Mr. McCord talked between themselves | 利迪先生和麦考德先生私下谈了谈 |
[2:01:56] | and the decision was made to go. | 就做出了决定 继续行动 |
[2:01:59] | I thought it was very foolhardy… | 我当时觉得这很鲁莽… |
[2:02:01] | So, Frank Fitzsimmons, in your opinion, | 那么 在你看来 弗兰克·菲茨西蒙斯 |
[2:02:03] | should he remain president of the Teamsters? | 应该继续担任卡车司机工会的主席吗 |
[2:02:05] | Absolutely not. | 绝对不能 |
[2:02:06] | Frank Fitzsimmons has sold his union out | 弗兰克·菲茨西蒙斯已经将他的工会 |
[2:02:09] | to his underworld pals. | 卖给了他的黑社会朋友 |
[2:02:11] | The mob controls him, | 黑帮控制着他 |
[2:02:13] | which means it controls our pension fund. | 那意味着他们也控制着我们的养老金 |
[2:02:15] | I’m talking about a billion dollars in low or no-interest loans | 我说的是上十亿美元的低息或无息贷款 |
[2:02:19] | this man has given to known racketeers | 都被他借给了已知的黑帮分子 |
[2:02:22] | for their illegal enterprises. | 用到他们非法勾当中 |
[2:02:24] | Not anymore. | 再也不可能了 |
[2:02:25] | It’s time for the rats to abandon ship. | 船将沉 老鼠该弃船而逃了 |
[2:02:28] | Is he serious? | 他是认真的吗 |
[2:02:30] | Not Jimmy. This is all publicity. | 吉米才不是认真的 这都是宣传手段 |
[2:02:32] | He’s running for office. He’s putting on a show. | 他在竞选公职 只是做做样子罢了 |
[2:02:34] | Yeah, it’s all puff. It’s got no substance, nothing. | 是啊 都是空口号 没有实质 |
[2:02:37] | Maybe he means what he says. | 或许他就是认真的 |
[2:02:39] | – Tony, he’s campaigning. – Russ. | -托尼 他在竞选 -罗素 |
[2:02:42] | He’s liable to say any fucking thing. | 他可以信口开河 |
[2:02:43] | I don’t care if he’s campaigning. | 我才不管他是不是在竞选 |
[2:02:45] | He can’t talk like that. | 他不能说这种话 |
[2:02:47] | It’s no fucking good. | 那可不好 |
[2:02:48] | I understand what you’re saying. | 我明白你的意思 |
[2:02:49] | You know what he should do, Russ? | 你知道他该做什么吗 罗素 |
[2:02:51] | He should cash in that big pension of his. | 他应该将他那一大笔养老金提现 |
[2:02:53] | Spend more time with his grandchildren. | 多陪陪他的孙辈们 |
[2:02:56] | He got a beautiful family, no? | 他有幸福美满的家庭 不是吗 |
[2:02:59] | Yeah. Yeah, yeah, right. | 是啊 是啊 没错 |
[2:03:00] | Maybe he should relax. | 或许他应该放轻松 |
[2:03:04] | Word should get back to him. | 该让人给他传个话 |
[2:03:10] | I… I just wanna say… | 我 我只想说 |
[2:03:11] | I don’t want you to take this the wrong way. | 我不希望你误会我接下来的话 |
[2:03:14] | But there I was with some people | 但我之前跟一些人在一起 |
[2:03:15] | and they were saying, and you know who they are… | 你也知道是哪些人 他们说… |
[2:03:17] | They were saying… | 他们说… |
[2:03:20] | “Please tell Jimmy we love the guy. | “请转告吉米我们爱他 |
[2:03:23] | We don’t want any problem. | 我们并不想惹麻烦 |
[2:03:26] | We just think that he should… | 我们只是认为他应该… |
[2:03:29] | maybe enjoy his grandchildren, | 享受陪伴孙辈的日子 |
[2:03:30] | enjoy his pension, enjoy his life as is.” | 享受养老金 享受目前的生活” |
[2:03:33] | Go no further, Frank. | 不用再说了 弗兰克 |
[2:03:37] | Who said it? | 是谁说的 |
[2:03:39] | – It don’t matter who said it. – Oh, it matters. | -是谁说的并不重要 -当然重要 |
[2:03:42] | – Was it Russell? – No. | -是罗素吗 -不是 |
[2:03:43] | Of course it’s not Russell. | 当然不是罗素 |
[2:03:45] | It’s that little cocksucker from the Miami fiasco? | 是迈阿密那事儿的那个龟孙吗 |
[2:03:48] | – No? – No. | -不是吗 -不是 |
[2:03:50] | Not him. No? | 不是他吗 真不是吗 |
[2:03:51] | Then who? | 那是谁 |
[2:03:55] | I’m gonna tell you. | 我还是告诉你吧 |
[2:03:56] | Tony. | 是托尼 |
[2:03:58] | Tony? | 托尼 |
[2:03:59] | Which Tony? | 哪个托尼 |
[2:04:01] | They’re all named Tony. | 那么多人叫托尼 |
[2:04:03] | I mean, what’s the matter with Italians? | 意大利人是怎么回事 |
[2:04:05] | They can only think of one name. | 他们难道没别的名字取了吗 |
[2:04:08] | The other Tony. | 另一个托尼 |
[2:04:11] | What Tony? | 哪个 |
[2:04:15] | Salerno. | 萨雷诺 |
[2:04:25] | Well, what can I say? | 我能说什么呢 |
[2:04:29] | Jimmy, I’m trying to help you. | 吉米 我这是在帮你 |
[2:04:30] | – I’m trying to tell you something. – I know you are. | -让你明白一些事 -我知道 |
[2:04:33] | Frank, don’t even think about it. | 弗兰克 想都别想 |
[2:04:35] | I don’t keep my mouth shut… | 我向来是有话直说 |
[2:04:37] | – I know that. – …for anyone. | -我知道 -对谁都是如此 |
[2:04:38] | I know that, you know that, they don’t know that. | 我知你知 但他们不知道 |
[2:04:44] | That’s who I am, that’s what I am and that’s what I’m gonna do. | 这就是我的为人本性 我也不会做出任何改变 |
[2:04:49] | Somebody can tell him that. | 可以找人转告他了 |
[2:04:50] | He said that? | 他这么说了 |
[2:04:53] | In so many words, you know. | 我只说了个大概 你懂的 |
[2:04:54] | Well, before he says something like that, | 那他在口出狂言之前 |
[2:04:56] | he should remember that Joe Gallo liked to make | 就应该想到乔·加洛 |
[2:04:58] | a lot of fucking noise, too. | 也是老管不住自己的嘴巴 |
[2:04:59] | Somebody should tell him that. | 找个人转告他吧 |
[2:05:01] | Who said? | 又是谁说的 |
[2:05:04] | – Tony. – He said that? | -托尼 -他说的 |
[2:05:06] | That’s it. That does it. | 行了 我决定了 |
[2:05:09] | I’m never gonna retire now. | 我到死都不会退休 |
[2:05:12] | Somebody can tell him that. | 找个人转告他吧 |
[2:05:13] | Jimmy, I did tell him. I told him over and over. | 吉米 我跟他说了 说了不知道多少遍 |
[2:05:16] | All right, you told him. Let’s stop this, then. | 那这样 你跟他说别再传来传去了 |
[2:05:18] | Forget it. Enough. | 算了吧 不谈了 |
[2:05:20] | Let me enjoy my ice cream here. | 让我好好享用我的冰淇淋 |
[2:05:27] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[2:05:29] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[2:05:31] | What? | 说啊 |
[2:05:31] | – Nothing. – What do you mean, nothing? | -真没事 -怎么可能没事 |
[2:05:33] | Come on, you’re thinking something. What? | 你想说什么 告诉我 |
[2:05:35] | I just… | 我只是… |
[2:05:38] | What? Come on. What are you doing? | 怎么了 说啊 别扭扭捏捏的 |
[2:05:39] | – It ain’t the right time. – What do you mean it ain’t the right time? | -现在说不太合适 -你什么意思 |
[2:05:42] | It is the right time. What isn’t the right time? | 现在就很合适 什么时候说都合适 |
[2:05:44] | Say it. | 快说 |
[2:05:47] | The Local’s putting together | 地方工会正在筹备一场 |
[2:05:49] | a testimonial dinner for me and… | 给我的答谢晚宴 |
[2:05:51] | A testimonial dinner for you, that’s good. | 给你的答谢晚宴 那很好啊 |
[2:05:53] | Yeah. But later… Later, when… | 是的 不过之后有… |
[2:05:56] | What’s the matter? | 你想说什么 |
[2:06:02] | I was gonna ask you if you would… | 我打算问你愿不愿意 |
[2:06:04] | present the award to me. | 为我颁奖 |
[2:06:07] | Well… | 这个嘛 |
[2:06:09] | That’s nice of you, Frank. | 有心了 弗兰克 |
[2:06:10] | Really. That’s nice of you. And, you know… | 真的 你能想起我真好 |
[2:06:13] | Who’s gonna be there? | 还有谁会参加 |
[2:06:16] | Everybody. | 都会来 |
[2:06:17] | Tony, Tony, Tony, Tony, and Tony, huh? | 是一大群叫托尼的吗 |
[2:06:23] | Everybody from Downtown. | 下城的都会来 |
[2:06:25] | Nah. Nah, it ain’t a good idea. Everybody’s gonna be there. | 算了 还是不太好 到时候所有人都会来 |
[2:06:28] | People… You’re gonna be uncomfortable. | 你会不自在的 |
[2:06:30] | I don’t give a fuck who’s there. | 我才不管谁去谁不去 |
[2:06:34] | We gonna let those cocksuckers | 难道那群狗杂种在 |
[2:06:35] | keep me from your big night? There’s no way. | 我就不能出席你的重大晚宴了吗 休想 |
[2:06:39] | No. | 不可能 |
[2:06:40] | I’m gonna be there. And I’ll be honored to be there. | 我会去的 而且是我荣幸之至 |
[2:06:44] | You deserve this. | 你当之无愧 |
[2:06:45] | – Thank you, Jimmy. Thank you. – Yeah. | -谢谢你 吉米 -没事 |
[2:06:50] | – That mole Dean. – Yeah. | -看那个内奸迪恩 -是啊 |
[2:06:53] | – She’s a good-looking broad. – She’s nice. | -这婆娘挺漂亮 -确实 |
[2:06:55] | I did not realize | 直到六月份 |
[2:06:56] | that Mr. Howard Hunt worked most of the time | 我才知道霍华德·亨特先生 |
[2:06:58] | while he was at the White House | 在白宫的大部分时间 |
[2:06:58] | 前白宫法律顾问 约翰·W·迪恩三世 | |
[2:07:00] | in the plumbers unit until after June… | 都是在管工部门工作 |
[2:07:02] | He’s a rat, but that’s, you know… | 他就是个叛徒 不过… |
[2:07:03] | He’s a rat. But he’s a smart rat. | 确实是 但他是个精明的叛徒 |
[2:07:08] | We’ve got a great crowd for Frank tonight, huh? | 今晚这么多人都是来给弗兰克捧场的吧 |
[2:07:11] | 弗兰克·希兰 答谢晚宴 1973年10月18日 | |
[2:07:11] | Come on. Give it up. | 给他来点掌声 |
[2:07:16] | That’s because Frank is a man with a lot of friends. | 这是因为弗兰克广结好友 |
[2:07:22] | From his war buddies who fought with him in Italy | 有在乔治·巴顿将军的带领下 |
[2:07:25] | under General George Patton… | 与他在意大利并肩作战的战友 |
[2:07:29] | to the drivers, national organizers, | 还有司机 全国工会组织者 |
[2:07:32] | 屋顶工工会主席 约翰·麦卡洛 1980年在自家厨房头中六枪身亡 | |
[2:07:32] | business agents, local presidents, | 代理商 地方工会主席 |
[2:07:35] | joint committee chairmen, and regional trustees, | 联合委员会主席 以及区域受托人等等 |
[2:07:38] | we are all friends of Frank’s tonight. | 今晚到场的都是弗兰克的好友 |
[2:07:43] | Friends of Frank. | 弗兰克的好友 |
[2:07:46] | Like NAACP president Cecil Moore. | 比如全国有色人种协进会主席塞西尔·摩尔 |
[2:07:50] | District Attorney Emmett Fitzpatrick. | 地方检察官艾米特·菲茨帕特里克 |
[2:07:54] | Philadelphia mayor Frank Rizzo. | 费城市长弗兰克·里佐 |
[2:07:58] | Hey, they like you, Frank. | 他们都喜欢你呢 弗兰克 |
[2:08:00] | And, of course, our featured speaker, | 当然 还有我们的特邀发言人 |
[2:08:02] | James Riddell Hoffa. | 詹姆斯·里德尔·霍法 |
[2:08:12] | And meanwhile, outside in the trees, | 同时呢 在外面的树上 |
[2:08:14] | we got the FBI. | 还藏着联调局的人 |
[2:08:17] | Somebody wanna check on them? | 有谁要去看看吗 |
[2:08:21] | Now, let me tell you about the first time I met Frank. | 我来分享一下我第一次见到弗兰克时的场景吧 |
[2:08:23] | He took me out to a steak dinner, | 他带我去吃牛排晚餐 |
[2:08:25] | and he asked me, he said, “How do you like your steak?” | 他问我说 “你的牛排要几分熟” |
[2:08:27] | I said, “I like it rare.” He said, “Me too.” | 我说”我喜欢一分熟” 他说”我也是” |
[2:08:29] | Well, they bring out the steaks. Mine’s rare. | 然后就开始上牛排了 我的是一分熟 |
[2:08:31] | Frank’s was still walking from the kitchen. | 弗兰克的那份正从厨房里走出来 |
[2:08:35] | He turns to me, he said, “Well, you know, | 他转身对我说 “其实吧 |
[2:08:37] | I’m an animal lover. I don’t wanna hurt it.” | 我喜欢动物 我不想杀生” |
[2:08:41] | He’s an animal lover. | 他居然喜欢动物 |
[2:09:07] | This guy is not even the goddamn president | 这家伙连主席都没当上 |
[2:09:09] | and he’s holding up people’s loans. | 就在拖延别人的贷款了 |
[2:09:12] | – Are you sure? – I’m sure. | -你确定吗 -我确定 |
[2:09:14] | And how’s he supposed to do that? | 他是怎么办到的 |
[2:09:15] | Because his guys are holding ’em back loans | 因为他的手下拖延了 |
[2:09:17] | on Carlos’s new hotel in New Orleans, | 卡洛斯在新奥尔良建新酒店的钱 |
[2:09:19] | the add-on that we’re doing at Caesars. | 我们在凯撒酒店扩建的钱 |
[2:09:25] | – And what’s Fitz doing all this time? – Fitz? | -菲茨都在做些什么 -菲茨吗 |
[2:09:28] | Yeah, he’s supposed to help with this shit. | 是啊 这事应该他管的 |
[2:09:30] | The money comes from the Pension Fund trustees. | 钱是养老基金的受托人出的 |
[2:09:32] | They gotta sign off on it. | 他们应该要签字同意 |
[2:09:33] | They’re supposed to be rubber-stamping what Fitz says. | 他们本应该听菲茨的安排开绿灯 |
[2:09:36] | – Right, right. Yeah. – Except Jimmy | -没错 -只是吉米 |
[2:09:38] | has a couple of them to stop rubber-stamping. | 让其中几位拒绝开绿灯了 |
[2:09:42] | The son of a bitch. | 这个王八蛋 |
[2:09:44] | I thought we took care of that. | 我以为已经处理好了 |
[2:09:47] | You know what he told somebody? | 你知道他怎么跟人说的吗 |
[2:09:48] | He goes, once Fitz is out and he’s in, | 他说一旦菲茨下位 他成功上台 |
[2:09:50] | he’s gonna call in the old loans. | 他就要收回以前的债款 |
[2:09:53] | Hotels, casinos, real estate, no matter what it is. | 酒店 赌场 房地产之类的 |
[2:09:56] | And if you don’t have his money and interest in two seconds, | 而且你要是没有马上连本带利还钱给他 |
[2:09:59] | he’s taking ’em over. | 他就要全部接管 |
[2:10:01] | We can’t have that. | 不能让他得逞 |
[2:10:04] | – He said that? – He said that. | -这是他说的 -是他说的 |
[2:10:06] | You sure he said that, Tony? | 你确定这是他的原话吗 托尼 |
[2:10:08] | He said that. | 是他的原话 |
[2:10:09] | Everything I’m telling you, yeah, he said. | 我跟你说的这些全都是他的原话 |
[2:10:12] | I mean, who does he think he is? Castro? | 他以为他是谁啊 卡斯特罗吗 |
[2:10:17] | ♪ The time is now ♪ | ♪ 就是现在 ♪ |
[2:10:20] | ♪ The time to stand and cheer ♪ | ♪ 一同起立欢呼 ♪ |
[2:10:22] | ♪ ‘Cause better times are here to stay ♪ | ♪ 因为留下的都是美好时光 ♪ |
[2:10:26] | ♪ Oh, yesterday is over ♪ | ♪ 昨日已远去 ♪ |
[2:10:29] | ♪ Tomorrow’s on its way ♪ | ♪ 明日要到来 ♪ |
[2:10:31] | ♪ But look what’s new and made for you today ♪ | ♪ 但快来看看今天有什么在等待着你 ♪ |
[2:10:36] | ♪ Today ♪ | ♪ 今天 ♪ |
[2:10:39] | You don’t need money, do you? | 你要的不是钱吧 |
[2:10:40] | It’s not about money. | 与钱无关 |
[2:10:42] | If it’s not about money, | 如果不是为了钱 |
[2:10:43] | then I’m really having trouble understanding, | 那我就真的有点搞不懂了 |
[2:10:45] | because I don’t know what all the talk is about. | 我们谈了那么久到底是为了什么 |
[2:10:48] | It’s my union. | 这是我的工会 |
[2:10:51] | – Is that hard to understand? – No, no. | -这很难理解吗 -不是 |
[2:10:52] | It’s your union, that’s right. It’ll always be your union. | 这是你的工会 没问题 永远都是你的工会 |
[2:10:55] | You could step down and still run it. | 你完全可以下台在幕后管理 |
[2:10:57] | – No, you don’t step down. – What do you mean? | -我才不会下台 -你这话什么意思 |
[2:10:59] | Russ, you don’t step down to run a union. | 罗素 下台是管不了工会的 |
[2:11:01] | You step down to go to your grave. | 下台是直接进坟墓 |
[2:11:03] | Well, listen. | 听好了 |
[2:11:05] | I still think… I can’t help but think, I’m sorry, | 我还是在想…不好意思 |
[2:11:08] | but is there another reason or something? | 你这么迫切是出于什么其他理由吗 |
[2:11:10] | This is my union! What do you mean, “another reason”? | 这是我的工会 “其他理由”又是什么意思 |
[2:11:14] | This is my union. | 这是我的工会 |
[2:11:16] | All right? Let’s start with that | 好吗 你先明确好这一点 |
[2:11:18] | and then try to understand things. | 再去弄清楚别的事情 |
[2:11:19] | Listen, some people, | 听我说 有人 |
[2:11:22] | not me, but some people, | 不是我 但有人 |
[2:11:25] | they’re a little concerned. | 他们有点顾虑 |
[2:11:28] | Some people, not me, they think that you might… | 有人 不是我 他们觉得你可能… |
[2:11:31] | I might… | 我可能什么 |
[2:11:32] | You might be demonstrating a failure to show appreciation. | 你可能没有表达出应有的感激之举 |
[2:11:39] | I’m not showing appreciation? | 我没有表现出感激 |
[2:11:41] | According to, you know, some people. | 有人是这么说的 |
[2:11:44] | I went to school for five fucking years. | 我蹲了五年牢房 |
[2:11:47] | – Yes, you did. – Five fucking years. | -我知道 -整整五年 |
[2:11:51] | I didn’t name one fucking name. | 我没有供出任何一个人 |
[2:11:52] | – You did the right thing. – I did the right thing. | -你做得对 -我做得对 |
[2:11:54] | You did the right thing. | 你做得很对 |
[2:11:55] | I sat there every day with that | 我每天都要跟那个 |
[2:11:57] | whining cocksucker from New Jersey, | 爱发牢骚的新泽西狗杂种坐在一起 |
[2:12:01] | talking to me about his woes, his problems, | 听他说有他多么不幸 有多困难 |
[2:12:05] | and all I wanted to do was finish my ice cream in peace. | 而我只是想安安静静地吃个冰淇淋 |
[2:12:09] | This cocksucker shows up at a meeting 15 minutes late, | 这个狗杂种开会迟到了十五分钟 |
[2:12:14] | wearing fucking shorts! | 还穿着他妈的短裤 |
[2:12:17] | – Who wears shorts to a meeting? – Nobody. | -谁会穿短裤去开会 -谁都不会 |
[2:12:20] | – That’s right. – Nobody. | -没错 -没人会这么做 |
[2:12:22] | I’m not showing appreciation? | 还说我没有表示感激 |
[2:12:24] | It’s not me. | 不是我说的 |
[2:12:25] | According to some people… | 是有人这么说 |
[2:12:26] | No, I know it’s not you. Some people… | 我知道不是你 是另有他人 |
[2:12:29] | Some people say I’m not showing appreciation? | 另有他人说我没有表示感激 |
[2:12:32] | Well, then fuck them. | 那就去他们的吧 |
[2:12:34] | I’m trying to help you, Jim. | 我这是在帮你 吉米 |
[2:12:35] | I know you are. | 我知道 |
[2:12:37] | But nobody threatens Hoffa. | 但是谁都别想威胁霍法 |
[2:12:39] | ♪ The time is now ♪ | ♪ 就是现在 ♪ |
[2:12:41] | ♪ The time is now ♪ | ♪ 就是当下 ♪ |
[2:12:44] | ♪ The time is now ♪ | ♪ 就是此刻 ♪ |
[2:13:01] | He has done it as a driver, | 他当过司机 |
[2:13:03] | he has done it as an organizer, | 当过工会组织者 |
[2:13:06] | and I don’t think many of you here know this, | 还有可能在场的大多数来宾都不知道 |
[2:13:09] | but Frank holds a record. | 弗兰克手握一项记录 |
[2:13:12] | It’s most arrests on the picket line. | 在罢工纠察线上被逮捕次数最多的人 |
[2:13:17] | Twenty-six times in 24 hours, | 一天内26次 |
[2:13:22] | beating my record. | 打破了我的记录 |
[2:13:26] | There it is, ladies and gentlemen. There’s no exaggeration. | 没错 女士们先生们 我没有夸大其词 |
[2:13:31] | He is a union man to his bones. | 他是彻头彻尾的工会人 |
[2:13:35] | Which side are you on? | 你们选择站在哪一边 |
[2:13:37] | Your side! | 你这边 |
[2:13:38] | Whose side? | 哪一边 |
[2:13:39] | Your side! | 你这边 |
[2:13:41] | My side. | 我这边 |
[2:13:41] | Your side. | 你这边 |
[2:13:43] | – His side. – Yeah! | -他那边 -没错 |
[2:13:45] | There it is. | 就是这样 |
[2:13:46] | And so, it is an honor for me to be here tonight | 所以今晚我很荣幸在这里 |
[2:13:50] | to present this award | 将这份奖 |
[2:13:52] | to my dear friend, Mr. Frank Sheeran! | 颁给我亲爱的朋友 弗兰克·希兰先生 |
[2:14:06] | Thank you, Jimmy, thank you so much. | 谢谢你 吉米 非常感谢 |
[2:14:09] | And thank you to my lovely wife Reenie | 也谢谢我亲爱的妻子琳妮 |
[2:14:12] | for being here with me. | 陪我来这里 |
[2:14:14] | My lovely, sweet, adorable daughters, | 感谢我甜美可爱的女儿们 |
[2:14:17] | Maryanne, Dolores, Connie, Peggy, | 玛丽安 多洛莉丝 康妮 佩琪 |
[2:14:21] | for putting up with me for all these years. | 这么多年一直容忍我 |
[2:14:28] | to get this honor from you. | 对我意义多么重大 |
[2:14:31] | It’s the highlight of my life. Thank you very, very much. | 我人生最重要的时刻 非常非常感谢你 |
[2:14:34] | And this man, James Riddell Hoffa, | 这个人 詹姆斯·里德尔·霍法 |
[2:14:38] | is the guy that gets the job done. | 是最能成事的人 |
[2:14:43] | I’m behind you, Jimmy. | 我就在你身后 吉米 |
[2:14:44] | All the way. | 一路随行 |
[2:14:47] | In any case, | 总之 |
[2:14:48] | from the deepest part of my heart, I thank you all. | 我衷心感谢你们所有人 |
[2:14:51] | ‘Cause I don’t really deserve all this. | 我并不该获得这一切 |
[2:14:54] | But I have bursitis and I don’t deserve that either. | 但我得了滑囊炎 我也不该得那个 |
[2:14:58] | Thank you all tonight and thank you for coming. | 今晚感谢你们所有人 感谢前来 |
[2:15:01] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[2:15:13] | What happened to “Say cheese”? | 怎么不喊”说茄子” |
[2:15:16] | Cheese! | 茄子 |
[2:15:21] | ♪ Bringing you all the love your heart can hold ♪ | ♪ 让我的爱盈满你的心 ♪ |
[2:15:30] | ♪ Please say “sí, sí” ♪ | ♪ 请说”我愿意” ♪ |
[2:15:39] | ♪ Say you and your Spanish eyes will wait for me ♪ | ♪ 说你及你那西班牙眼眸会为我等待 ♪ |
[2:15:49] | ♪ Blue Spanish eyes ♪ | ♪ 蓝色的西班牙眼眸 ♪ |
[2:15:59] | ♪ Prettiest eyes in all of Mexico ♪ | ♪ 墨西哥最美的双眼 ♪ |
[2:16:09] | ♪ True Spanish eyes ♪ | ♪ 真诚的西班牙眼眸 ♪ |
[2:16:18] | ♪ Please smile for me once more before I go… ♪ | ♪ 请在我离开前再为我展开笑颜 ♪ |
[2:16:32] | Only three people in the world have one of these. | 世上只有三个人有这个 |
[2:16:35] | And only one of them is Irish. | 其中只有一人是爱尔兰人 |
[2:16:38] | I have one. | 我有一枚 |
[2:16:39] | Angelo has one. | 安吉洛有一枚 |
[2:16:43] | Now you have one. | 现在你也有了 |
[2:16:49] | This is beautiful. | 真漂亮 |
[2:16:54] | I… I don’t… I don’t know what to say, Russ. It’s… | 我不知道该说什么 罗素 这… |
[2:16:58] | Slip it on. See how it looks. | 快戴上 看看怎么样 |
[2:17:04] | – Feel good? – Yeah. | -感觉好吗 -好 |
[2:17:08] | You know how strong I made you? You know how strong? | 你知道我让你变得多强吗 知道多强吗 |
[2:17:12] | You’re my kid. | 你是我的小子 |
[2:17:15] | Nobody… Nobody can fuck with you. | 没人…没人能搞你 |
[2:17:17] | Nobody. | 没人 |
[2:17:44] | Listen, Frank. | 听着 弗兰克 |
[2:17:46] | Things have gotten out of hand with our friend again. | 我们的朋友又失控了 |
[2:17:50] | And some people are having serious problems with him. | 有些人对他意见很大 |
[2:17:55] | And it’s at a point where | 到现在这个地步 |
[2:17:58] | you’re gonna have to talk to him and tell him | 你必须找他谈谈 告诉他 |
[2:18:01] | it’s what it is. | 到此为止了 |
[2:18:05] | What it is? | 到此为止 |
[2:18:06] | Yes. It’s what they want. | 是的 这是他们的意愿 |
[2:18:09] | It’s where it’s gotten. | 已经到这步了 |
[2:18:12] | You’re close to him. Maybe he’ll listen to you. | 你和他亲近 或许他会听你的 |
[2:18:15] | You know I talked to him. | 你知道我和他谈过 |
[2:18:16] | He’s a tough guy to talk to. You know him. | 他这人很固执 你了解他的 |
[2:18:18] | He has no choice. | 他没得选 |
[2:18:20] | He has no choice. | 他没得选 |
[2:18:22] | These are the higher-ups. | 这些是大人物 |
[2:18:25] | Well, he’s a higher-up too. I mean… No? | 他也是个大人物 不是吗 |
[2:18:29] | Not like this. You know that. | 和他们不同 你知道的 |
[2:18:31] | Come on now, Frank. | 拜托 弗兰克 |
[2:18:35] | If they can whack a president, | 如果他们能干掉一个总统 |
[2:18:38] | they can whack a president of the union. | 他们就能干掉一个工会主席 |
[2:18:41] | You know it and I know it. | 你知道 我也知道 |
[2:18:54] | I talk to this guy, I talk to him, I talk to him, | 我和他谈过一次又一次 |
[2:18:56] | I talk to him, he don’t listen. | 他就是不听 |
[2:18:58] | But he’s gotta listen now. I gotta make him listen. | 但他现在必须听 我得让他听进去 |
[2:19:02] | That ain’t right. He’s… he’s a fucking knucklehead. | 这样不对 他就是个傻瓜 |
[2:19:17] | Jimmy. I talked to Russ. | 吉米 我和罗素谈了 |
[2:19:19] | He talked to Tony. | 他和托尼谈过 |
[2:19:21] | He means what he’s saying. | 他说的话是认真的 |
[2:19:23] | – Who? Russ? – No, Tony. | -谁 罗素吗 -不 托尼 |
[2:19:25] | – Tony? – Yeah. | -托尼 -是的 |
[2:19:27] | Well, I mean what I’m saying. | 我说的话也是认真的 |
[2:19:29] | He can’t seem to get that through his fat, fucking Sicilian head. | 他那该死的西西里肥脑袋似乎就是不明白 |
[2:19:33] | Can he? Don’t worry about it. | 对不对 别担心 |
[2:19:35] | What’s the matter with you? | 你怎么了 |
[2:19:36] | You… you look… | 你看起来… |
[2:19:38] | – I’m concerned. – Yeah, I know. | -我很担心 -我知道 |
[2:19:39] | You look concerned. What are you concerned about? | 你看起来就在担心 你担心什么 |
[2:19:41] | I’m… I’m… | 我… |
[2:19:42] | They should be concerned. | 该担心的是他们 |
[2:19:43] | – They are. They are. – Well, let them be. | -他们确实担心 -那就让他们担心去 |
[2:19:45] | They’re more than a little concerned. | 他们不止有一点点担心 |
[2:19:46] | There’s widespread concern. | 他们担心颇多 |
[2:19:48] | It’s a big problem. | 这是个大问题 |
[2:19:51] | Tony told the old man to tell me to tell you… | 托尼让老爷子叫我告诉你… |
[2:19:55] | “It’s what it is.” | “到此为止了” |
[2:20:01] | What it is? | 到此为止 |
[2:20:02] | It’s what it is. | 到此为止了 |
[2:20:07] | Please, listen to me. | 拜托 听我说 |
[2:20:10] | They wouldn’t dare. | 他们不敢 |
[2:20:12] | – Don’t… – They wouldn’t dare. | -别… -他们不敢 |
[2:20:14] | – Jimmy… – Please, Frank, come on. | -吉米 -得了吧 弗兰克 |
[2:20:16] | – Don’t say they wouldn’t dare. – No. | -别说他们不敢 -不 |
[2:20:18] | Don’t… don’t tell me that kinda… That’s fairy tales. | 别跟我说这种话…都是胡扯 |
[2:20:21] | No, don’t say they wouldn’t dare. | 别说他们不敢 |
[2:20:23] | If something funny happens to me… | 如果我出了什么事 |
[2:20:28] | they’re done. | 他们就完了 |
[2:20:29] | You understand that? And they know it. | 你明白吗 他们也清楚这点 |
[2:20:31] | Because I got files. I got proof. | 因为我有文件 我有证据 |
[2:20:34] | I got records. I got tapes. | 我有记录 我有录音带 |
[2:20:35] | Any time I want, they’ll be gone. | 只要我想 他们随时会完蛋 |
[2:20:38] | These Guinea motherfuckers | 这些几内亚混蛋 |
[2:20:39] | will spend the rest of their lives in jail, | 余生都会在监狱度过 |
[2:20:42] | and they know it. | 他们清楚 |
[2:20:44] | They know it. | 他们清楚 |
[2:20:45] | But what you’re saying is what they’re concerned about. | 但你现在说的正是他们担心的 |
[2:20:47] | What I’m saying is I know things. | 我在说的是我知道他们的事 |
[2:20:49] | I know things they don’t know I know. | 我知道他们不知道我知道的事 |
[2:20:52] | – Please… – Are you gonna take that chance? | -拜托 -你真的要冒那个险吗 |
[2:20:55] | What chance am I… Why should I be taking a chance? | 我冒什么…我为什么要冒险 |
[2:20:57] | They’re saying this is it. | 他们说到此为止了 |
[2:20:59] | They’re saying this is it, and then it’s it? | 他们说到此为止 那就到此为止吗 |
[2:21:01] | – Bullshit. Bullshit, Frank. – Come on. | -胡说 胡说 弗兰克 -别这样 |
[2:21:03] | Jimmy, I’m trying to tell you something. | 吉米 我是想告诉你 |
[2:21:05] | I know you are. You’re telling me that they’re threatening me | 我知道你是 你在告诉我他们威胁我 |
[2:21:07] | and I gotta do what they say. | 我必须照他们说的做 |
[2:21:09] | It’s more than a threat. It’s the bottom line. | 那不只是威胁 那是底线 |
[2:21:11] | The bottom line. | 底线 |
[2:21:13] | It’s what it is. | 到此为止了 |
[2:21:15] | They do something to me, I do something to them. | 他们搞我 我就搞他们 |
[2:21:18] | That’s all I know. I don’t know anything else. Do you? | 我就知道这个 别的我不知道 你知道吗 |
[2:21:23] | So what am I gonna do? What am I gonna tell McGee? | 那我要怎么做 我该怎么跟麦基说 |
[2:21:26] | That you’re not gonna listen? | 说你不肯听吗 |
[2:21:28] | He ain’t used to people not listening to him. | 他不习惯有人不听他的 |
[2:21:29] | Well, neither am I. | 我也是 |
[2:21:32] | – What? – Neither am I. | -什么 -我也是 |
[2:21:34] | Then I don’t know what to do. | 那我不知道该怎么办了 |
[2:21:35] | I mean, maybe you should get some bodies around you | 或许你该找些保镖 |
[2:21:37] | – for protection. – Come on. Please. | -保护你 -得了吧 |
[2:21:39] | I’m not gonna go that route. | 我不会选那条路 |
[2:21:41] | Don’t do this to me, Frank. | 别这么对我 弗兰克 |
[2:21:42] | What do you mean, “bodies around me”? I don’t need… | 你说”找些保镖”是什么意思 我不需要 |
[2:21:45] | You put bodies around you, then they go after your family. | 你找保镖 他们就会找上你的家人 |
[2:21:47] | – It doesn’t matter. You worried? – I’m worried. | -这不重要 你担心吗 -我担心 |
[2:21:50] | Get some bodies around you. I’ll tell you why. | 你去找些保镖吧 我告诉你为什么 |
[2:21:53] | This could happen to you. | 这事可能落到你身上 |
[2:21:55] | They could come after you | 他们可能找上你 |
[2:21:57] | since you’re with me. | 因为你支持我 |
[2:21:59] | No? | 不是吗 |
[2:22:02] | I’m worried. | 我很担心 |
[2:22:04] | Tell Russ I got nothing but respect for him. | 告诉罗素我对他只有尊重 |
[2:22:06] | I got a little trouble with him. | 我和他有点小摩擦 |
[2:22:09] | We were talking before and I just got a little crazy. | 我们之前谈的时候 我有点失控 |
[2:22:11] | – You know how I am. I just blow. Sometimes. – Yeah. | -你知道我什么样 有时会发脾气 -是的 |
[2:22:14] | I just walked away like that. | 气得扭头就走 |
[2:22:16] | But I get that way. I get abrupt. | 但我就是这样的人 |
[2:22:18] | Maybe you could tell him how much I respect him. | 或许你能告诉他我多么尊重他 |
[2:22:21] | I have nothing but respect for this guy. | 我对他只有尊重 |
[2:22:24] | I would never hurt him, | 我永远不会伤害他 |
[2:22:25] | no matter what I do with files, or whatever I do with anything. | 不管我手上有什么文件 不管我做什么 |
[2:22:29] | But you should tell him. Yourself. | 你应该亲自告诉他 |
[2:22:31] | No, I’m not gonna tell him myself. | 不 我不要亲自告诉他 |
[2:22:32] | – Please. – Come on. | -拜托 -算了吧 |
[2:22:33] | – It would go a long way. – He’s your rabbi. | -亲口说更有意义 -他是你的导师 |
[2:22:36] | Because of him, you’re here. | 你有今天全靠他 |
[2:22:38] | You tell him. | 你告诉他 |
[2:22:40] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[2:22:41] | At the end, there’s only one thing that’s real. | 最终只有一件事是真的 |
[2:22:44] | This is my union. | 这是我的工会 |
[2:22:48] | This is my union, Frank. | 这是我的工会 弗兰克 |
[2:22:53] | Very simple when you say it that way. | 明确这一点 其他就简单了 |
[2:23:01] | Peggy! | 佩琪 |
[2:23:02] | Shall we dance? | 我们跳舞吧 |
[2:23:04] | Excuse us. | 失陪 |
[2:23:37] | A couple of hours outside Detroit, | 距离底特律几小时车程 |
[2:23:39] | we figured we’d spend the night, | 我们决定住一晚 |
[2:23:41] | drive up in the morning. | 早上再赶路 |
[2:23:43] | I mean, the wedding, that was the thing. | 我们要去参加婚礼 |
[2:23:46] | Bill Bufalino, you know, was giving his daughter away to a hell of a guy. | 比尔·巴法利诺要把女儿嫁给一个好男人 |
[2:23:50] | Better than the bum she was with before. | 比之前那个无赖好 |
[2:23:52] | And that was all well and good. | 这是件好事 |
[2:23:55] | But the wedding was really a peace mission. | 但婚礼实际是求和任务 |
[2:23:59] | And that’s what we were there for. | 那才是我们参加的目的 |
[2:23:59] | 哥伦布 代顿 底特律 | |
[2:24:00] | And everybody kinda knew that, | 大家差不多都知道 |
[2:24:02] | and we were there to straighten it all out. | 我们是去理清这件事的 |
[2:24:05] | – Jimmy? – Yeah. | -吉米 -是我 |
[2:24:06] | I’m with the old man, we’re driving up. | 我和老爷子在一起 我们开车过去 |
[2:24:08] | He hopes we can straighten this whole thing out. | 他希望我们能把整件事理清楚 |
[2:24:11] | What did he say? | 他说了什么 |
[2:24:12] | He said he hopes we can straighten it out. | 他说希望我们能理清这事 |
[2:24:13] | After the wedding, we sit down, we talk, | 婚礼之后 我们坐下谈谈 |
[2:24:15] | we straighten it out. | 理清这事 |
[2:24:16] | Right, the wedding. | 婚礼啊 |
[2:24:17] | I’m not going to the wedding. | 我不准备参加婚礼 |
[2:24:18] | Too many people I don’t like are gonna be there, | 太多我不喜欢的人会到场 |
[2:24:20] | so I’m not going to the wedding. | 所以我不准备去 |
[2:24:22] | You’re not going to the wedding? | 你不去参加婚礼吗 |
[2:24:24] | I’m not gonna be there. | 我不会去 |
[2:24:27] | Well, then we could… | 那我们可以… |
[2:24:29] | Jimmy, then we could do it anywhere you want. | 吉米 你想在哪里谈都可以 |
[2:24:30] | We can do it at your house. | 可以在你家 |
[2:24:32] | We can do it anywhere you want. | 你想在哪里都行 |
[2:24:34] | Wherever you’re comfortable. | 地点任你选择 |
[2:24:36] | The lake? | 湖边怎么样 |
[2:24:37] | Yeah, the lake. You wanna do it at the lake? | 好 湖边 你想在那里谈吗 |
[2:24:40] | From day one, I wanted to work this out. | 我一开始就想把这事谈妥 |
[2:24:43] | – I know. I know. – From day fucking one. | -我知道 我知道 -从他妈的一开始 |
[2:24:46] | I know. Nobody knows better than me. I know that. | 我明白 我比任何人都清楚 我知道 |
[2:24:49] | All right, uh… Just you two, right? | 好 就你们俩来吧 |
[2:24:52] | I mean, not the Little Guy. | 别带上那个矮子 |
[2:24:54] | – No, of course, the Little Guy. – No. | -不 他当然得去 -不行 |
[2:24:56] | I’m not doing it with him. | 我不要跟他谈 |
[2:24:58] | Jimmy, there’s no point just the three of us. | 吉米 只有我们三个人谈没有用 |
[2:24:59] | No, no. No, no. | 不 不 不 |
[2:25:01] | Just the three of us. That’s the way it’s… | 就我们三个人谈 就这样… |
[2:25:03] | There’s no point just the three of us. | 只有我们三个人谈没有用 |
[2:25:04] | It’s gotta be the Little Guy with us. | 矮子必须得在场 |
[2:25:06] | No, I’m not sitting down with that little cocksucker again! | 不 我不要再跟那个小龟孙谈了 |
[2:25:08] | Do you understand? I can’t do it, Frank! | 你明白吗 我做不到 弗兰克 |
[2:25:11] | You have to. | 你必须跟他谈 |
[2:25:11] | No, Jimmy, you gotta sit down with him. | 不 吉米 你得跟他谈谈 |
[2:25:13] | – We don’t gotta do anything. – Everybody says… | -什么都不必做 -大家都说… |
[2:25:14] | This is a courtesy with these people. | 我这是出于对他们的礼貌 |
[2:25:16] | A complete courtesy. | 完全是给他们面子 |
[2:25:18] | – You know that. – I understand. | -你懂的 -我明白 |
[2:25:19] | But you gotta try and move past that. | 但你得试着让这事过去 |
[2:25:21] | Get past it? I am past it! | 我已经让这事过去了 |
[2:25:22] | I’m never seeing that motherfucker again. | 我再也不会见那个混蛋了 |
[2:25:25] | – You see that’s… – Jimmy, you gotta sit down. | -这就是… -吉米 你得坐下来好好谈 |
[2:25:26] | Everybody says so. | 大家都这么说 |
[2:25:27] | But there’s no point. There’s only one point, | 但这没有意义 只有一点 |
[2:25:29] | I don’t wanna do it and I’m not gonna do it. | 我不想这么做 我也不会这么做 |
[2:25:32] | Frank, I’m gonna hang up on you now. | 弗兰克 我要挂你电话了 |
[2:25:33] | Please. Understand this. Okay? | 拜托 理解一下 好吗 |
[2:25:49] | – What did he say? – Uh, he’s thinking about it. | -他怎么说 -他在考虑 |
[2:25:52] | – Thinking about it? – Yeah. | -考虑 -对 |
[2:25:58] | 豪生汽车旅馆 客人登记及收据 弗兰克·希兰 | |
[2:26:01] | That’s for you. | 给你的 |
[2:26:10] | Well, that’s good. Okay. | 很好 好的 |
[2:26:25] | What time you got, Frank? | 几点了 弗兰克 |
[2:26:28] | About five. | 大概五点 |
[2:26:29] | Five, huh? | 五点吗 |
[2:26:33] | Maybe you should give Jimmy a call. | 也许你该给吉米打个电话 |
[2:26:34] | I mean, he said he was gonna think about it, right? | 他说他会考虑的 对吗 |
[2:26:43] | Okay. | 好 |
[2:26:55] | So when are you getting in? | 你们什么时候来 |
[2:26:56] | Tomorrow morning. | 明天早上 |
[2:26:58] | That’s good. That’s good, ’cause, uh… | 那挺好 挺好 因为… |
[2:27:00] | I changed my mind about the other thing. | 另外那件事我改变主意了 |
[2:27:04] | – You did? – Yeah. | -是吗 -嗯 |
[2:27:06] | Yeah, I’m gonna meet, uh, with the Little Guy tomorrow afternoon. | 我明天下午会跟矮子见面 |
[2:27:10] | With the lit… | 跟矮… |
[2:27:11] | – With the Little Guy? – Yeah. | -跟矮子见面吗 -嗯 |
[2:27:13] | Tony Jack set it up. I like Jack. | 托尼·杰克安排好了 我喜欢杰克 |
[2:27:15] | Jack’s good. | 他很不错 |
[2:27:16] | I met with him a few times after that, you know, Miami fiasco. | 迈阿密那事儿之后 我见过他几次 |
[2:27:20] | With the Little Guy. Where? | 在哪里和矮子见面 |
[2:27:22] | Same place as before. You know where it is. | 老地方 你知道在哪里 |
[2:27:26] | In public. | 在公共场合 |
[2:27:28] | You know Tony Jack is Pro’s cousin? | 你知道托尼·杰克是普罗的表亲吧 |
[2:27:31] | Yeah. So? | 嗯 那又怎样 |
[2:27:32] | They’re all fucking cousins. What’re you gonna do? | 他们全都是亲戚 你能怎么办 |
[2:27:35] | Jimmy, I think I should be there. | 吉米 我觉得我应该过去 |
[2:27:37] | Yeah, I want you there. | 好 我想让你在场 |
[2:27:38] | That’s why I asked when you’re coming in. | 所以我问了你什么时候过来 |
[2:27:40] | What time’s the meeting? | 你们几点见面 |
[2:27:42] | Two-thirty. | 两点半 |
[2:27:43] | And he better not be late, that cocksucker, | 那个龟孙可千万别迟到 |
[2:27:45] | or wearing those fucking shorts. | 或是穿着该死的短裤 |
[2:27:48] | Listen, I’m gonna get there at 2:00, | 我两点到那里 |
[2:27:49] | so you should get there at 2:00. | 你也应该两点到 |
[2:27:51] | – Okay? – I’ll be there at 2:00. | -好吗 -我会两点到 |
[2:27:52] | Oh, good. Good. Okay. | 好 很好 好的 |
[2:27:55] | I’ll see you at 2:00. | 两点见 |
[2:27:56] | – Thanks, Frank. – Okay, Jimmy. | -谢谢 弗兰克 -好 吉米 |
[2:27:59] | See you at 2:00. | 两点见 |
[2:28:06] | What did he say? | 他怎么说 |
[2:28:08] | He’s gonna meet with Pro. | 他会跟普罗见面 |
[2:28:12] | Tony Jack set it up. | 托尼·杰克安排好了 |
[2:28:14] | Very good. | 很好 |
[2:28:29] | – Hello. – Hello. Good evening. | -你们好 -你们好 晚上好 |
[2:28:33] | – We’re starving. – Oh, let’s go, let’s go. | -我们饿死了 -快走 快走 |
[2:28:42] | It was the best move we made, | 跟安吉洛的人要来这瓶红酒醋 |
[2:28:43] | getting this red wine vinegar from Angelo’s guy. | 是我们做过最明智的事 |
[2:28:48] | Great Italian olive oil we got from that other mooch was not bad either. | 跟另一个混混要来的意大利橄榄油也不错 |
[2:28:53] | Catania olives, what better. | 卡塔尼亚的橄榄油最棒了 |
[2:28:56] | The best. | 顶级的 |
[2:29:02] | There’s been a change. | 计划有变 |
[2:29:04] | Instead of, uh, going up early, | 明天早上别那么早出发 |
[2:29:08] | we’re gonna hang around tomorrow morning and then go drive up. | 我们先待一会儿 然后再开车过去 |
[2:29:12] | But… But I told Jimmy that we were gonna be up in the morning. | 但我跟吉米说了 我们一早就出发 |
[2:29:17] | I told Jimmy… | 我跟吉米说了… |
[2:29:18] | I told Jimmy we’re gonna be up in the morning. | 我跟吉米说了我们一早就出发 |
[2:29:20] | I know. I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[2:29:24] | That I would be there for that… meeting with Pro. | 我说我会陪他去见普罗 |
[2:29:28] | – What? – That I’d be… | -什么 -我会… |
[2:29:29] | be there for that meeting with Pro. | 陪他去见普罗 |
[2:29:31] | Oh, yeah. I know. I know. | 嗯 我知道 我知道 |
[2:29:37] | But what I… What am I gonna do? | 那我要怎么做 |
[2:29:40] | We gotta go there. I mean, I gotta go. | 我们得过去 我得过去 |
[2:29:43] | I told him I’d be there. | 我跟他说了我会去 |
[2:29:48] | Frank… | 弗兰克 |
[2:29:50] | we did all we could for the man. | 我们对他仁至义尽了 |
[2:30:04] | Don’t call him. | 别打给他 |
[2:30:42] | – Hey. Good morning. – Hey. Morning. | -早上好 -早上好 |
[2:30:46] | Want some coffee? | 要咖啡吗 |
[2:30:48] | No, I got it here. | 不用 我有了 |
[2:30:51] | – How’d ya sleep? – Good. You? | -睡得怎么样 -挺好 你呢 |
[2:30:55] | All right. | 还行吧 |
[2:31:00] | Want some Total or Corn Flakes? | 要全麦片还是玉米片 |
[2:31:03] | Maybe Total. | 全麦片吧 |
[2:31:12] | That’s good, thanks. | 够了 谢谢 |
[2:31:20] | We’re gonna take a ride up to Port Clinton today. | 我们今天要去一趟克林顿港 |
[2:31:28] | I thought we were staying here. | 我以为我们要待在这里 |
[2:31:31] | No, the girls are gonna stay here. | 不 夫人们待在这里 |
[2:31:34] | You and me, we’re going up and, uh… | 我们俩去 |
[2:31:37] | we’ll be back three hours tops. | 最多三个小时就会回来 |
[2:31:43] | But… But what’s in Port Clinton? | 去克林顿港干什么 |
[2:31:46] | A plane. | 坐飞机 |
[2:31:51] | A plane? To where? | 坐飞机 去哪里 |
[2:31:53] | Detroit. | 底特律 |
[2:32:02] | We’re going to Detroit now? | 我们现在要去底特律吗 |
[2:32:04] | No, you’re gonna go to Detroit. | 不 你要去底特律 |
[2:32:09] | And when you come back, | 你回来之后 |
[2:32:11] | me and you, we get together with the girls, | 我们带上夫人们 |
[2:32:14] | we take a nice slow drive up. | 优哉游哉地上路 |
[2:32:16] | With cigarette breaks, you know. | 时不时停下来抽根烟 |
[2:32:30] | Frank. | 弗兰克 |
[2:32:32] | I had to put you into this thing, | 我必须让你去做这件事 |
[2:32:34] | or you would never let it happen. | 否则你绝不会袖手旁观 |
[2:32:37] | And I know you wouldn’t. | 我知道你不会 |
[2:32:44] | But it’s gonna happen. | 但事已至此 |
[2:32:49] | Either way, he’s going. | 不管怎样 都得解决他 |
[2:32:58] | I know how you feel, Frank. Trust me. | 我明白你的感受 弗兰克 相信我 |
[2:33:00] | I know how you feel. | 我明白你的感受 |
[2:33:04] | I told you before, we tried everything to help him. | 我之前跟你说过 我们已经尽力帮他了 |
[2:33:06] | You know that. | 你知道的 |
[2:33:07] | You tried. | 你尽力了 |
[2:33:11] | He brought this on himself. | 这是他自找的 |
[2:33:15] | And it’s landing on us. | 还牵扯到了我们 |
[2:33:21] | The only reason they agreed to this | 他们同意这样安排 |
[2:33:24] | was out of respect to me. | 是出于对我的尊重 |
[2:33:28] | But you and Reenie will be okay, | 你和琳妮不会有事的 |
[2:33:31] | ’cause you’re with me. | 因为你是我的人 |
[2:33:38] | You’re with me. | 你是我的人 |
[2:34:18] | Give me your glasses. | 把你的眼镜给我 |
[2:38:47] | Hey, Frank. | 弗兰克 |
[2:38:49] | Hey, Sal. | 小萨 |
[2:38:52] | Chuckie’s late. | 查奇迟到了 |
[2:39:47] | That him? | 是他吗 |
[2:39:53] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[2:39:56] | Jesus. | 天呐 |
[2:40:02] | I’m Sally. | 我是萨利 |
[2:40:04] | Hi. | 你好 |
[2:40:07] | – Chuck. – Frank. | -小查 -弗兰克 |
[2:40:09] | Let’s go. I don’t want your father yelling at me for being late. | 快走 我不想你爸因为迟到对我大吼大叫 |
[2:40:11] | Frank, you take the front. | 弗兰克 你坐前面 |
[2:40:13] | – What the fuck is this? – What? | -这他妈怎么回事 -怎么了 |
[2:40:16] | It’s wet. | 湿漉漉的 |
[2:40:17] | Yeah, I had a frozen fish I had to deliver for a friend of mine. | 我刚给朋友送了一条冻鱼 |
[2:40:22] | A fish? | 一条鱼 |
[2:40:24] | The seat is wet from a fish? | 座位是被鱼给弄湿了吗 |
[2:40:25] | Yeah, I know. What do you want me to do about it now? | 对 你现在想让我怎么办 |
[2:40:26] | – Jesus Christ. – I’ll sit back there. | -老天啊 -我坐后面吧 |
[2:40:28] | No, no, no, it’s all right. You sit in the front. | 不不不 没关系 你坐前面 |
[2:40:29] | I’ll sit there. | 我坐后面 |
[2:40:31] | I’ll sit here, you take the front. | 我坐后面 你坐前面 |
[2:40:32] | No, no. | 不 不 |
[2:40:33] | I’ll sit there. | 我坐后面 |
[2:40:38] | – I’m not sitting there. – Why don’t you… | -我不要坐前面 -你怎么就不… |
[2:40:39] | I’m sitting there. | 我要坐后面 |
[2:40:42] | All right, sit where you want. | 好 随你便 |
[2:40:46] | You want me to get you a newspaper, Frank? | 要给你拿张报纸吗 弗兰克 |
[2:40:48] | It’s okay. Let’s go. We gotta hurry. | 不用了 走吧 我们得快点 |
[2:41:03] | What kind of fish? | 是什么鱼 |
[2:41:07] | What? | 什么 |
[2:41:10] | What kind of fish? | 你送的是什么鱼 |
[2:41:13] | I don’t know. The kind you eat. A fish. | 不知道 就是可以吃的鱼 |
[2:41:18] | You don’t know what kind? | 你不知道是哪种鱼吗 |
[2:41:21] | No. I don’t. | 不知道 |
[2:41:23] | Where did you get it? | 你从哪弄来的 |
[2:41:26] | What the fuck. At a fish place. | 你说呢 卖鱼的地方 |
[2:41:30] | What, you just go in there and say, “Gimme a fish”? | 你就直接过去说”给我条鱼”吗 |
[2:41:34] | Pretty much. Yeah. | 差不多吧 |
[2:41:37] | You didn’t say you want a salmon, | 你没说你要鲑鱼 |
[2:41:39] | you want a… haddock, | 还是黑线鳕 |
[2:41:41] | you want a… a fucking cod? | 还是鳕鱼吗 |
[2:41:43] | What the fuck does it matter what kind of fish it was? | 是哪种鱼有什么关系吗 |
[2:41:47] | Why are you so concerned about this fish? | 你为什么那么关心那条鱼 |
[2:41:48] | I’m just trying to understand how… | 我只是想搞清楚… |
[2:41:50] | Does it… | 这… |
[2:41:53] | …how a person can buy a fish and not know what kind it was. | 怎么能买到一条鱼 却不知道是什么鱼 |
[2:41:58] | There was a fish waiting for me there. | 那条鱼就在那里等着我 |
[2:42:04] | I didn’t ask what kind of fish it was. I’m sorry. | 我没问那是什么鱼 抱歉 |
[2:42:11] | – So your friend had already ordered this fish. – Right. | -就是说你朋友已经把鱼订好了 -对 |
[2:42:20] | ‘Cause I wanna be able to explain this if somebody asks me. | 要是有人问起 我得能解释明白 |
[2:42:30] | Yeah. Absolutely. | 好 没问题 |
[2:42:44] | Dad. | 爸 |
[2:42:47] | Chuckie. | 查奇 |
[2:42:48] | – Yeah, sorry I’m late. I had to drop off… – Late? | -抱歉我迟到了 我得去送… -迟到 |
[2:42:50] | What the fuck are you even doing here? | 你来这里干什么 |
[2:42:52] | – Who invited you? – Hey, Jimmy. | -谁让你来的 -吉米 |
[2:42:57] | Who the fuck are you? | 你是谁 |
[2:42:58] | I’m with Pro. | 我是普罗的人 |
[2:43:00] | You’re with Pro? | 你是普罗的人 |
[2:43:01] | Are you with the cocksucker who just stood me up? | 你是那个放我鸽子的龟孙的人 |
[2:43:04] | I don’t wait for anybody more than ten minutes. | 我不会等人超过十分钟 |
[2:43:06] | He’s at the house. | 他在房子里 |
[2:43:08] | What house? | 什么房子 |
[2:43:09] | With Russ. | 和罗素在一起 |
[2:43:11] | – Russ? What the fuck is… – Hey, look who’s here. | -罗素 搞什么 -看看谁在后面 |
[2:43:14] | – Frank. – Jimmy. | -弗兰克 -吉米 |
[2:43:16] | What the fuck is going on? | 到底怎么回事 |
[2:43:18] | I was waiting for you. I was there at two o’clock. | 我一直在等你 我两点就到了 |
[2:43:20] | You were supposed to show. What happened? | 你应该到场的 出什么事了 |
[2:43:21] | I’m sorry. But McGee’s here, he decided to come. | 抱歉 但麦基来了 他决定过来 |
[2:43:25] | But he ain’t comfortable here. He don’t wanna come here. | 但他不喜欢这里 他不想来这里 |
[2:43:27] | He’s at the house. | 他在房子里 |
[2:43:28] | – McGee’s in Detroit? – Yeah, he’s here. | -麦基来底特律了 -对 他来了 |
[2:43:31] | He decided to come. | 他决定过来 |
[2:43:34] | Yeah, he came to help straighten this all out. | 他是来帮忙理清这件事的 |
[2:43:38] | The house? | 房子 |
[2:43:45] | We’ll bring you back after to get your car. | 事后我们会带你来取车的 |
[2:43:53] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[2:43:55] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[2:44:01] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | -好 -嗯 |
[2:44:13] | There was a fish in here, | 之前车里放了条鱼 |
[2:44:14] | but we cleaned it up. | 但我们已经清理干净了 |
[2:44:16] | A fish? | 鱼 |
[2:44:19] | Chuckie had a fucking fish in here. | 查奇在车里放了条鱼 |
[2:44:20] | Didn’t even know what kind. | 他连是什么鱼都不知道 |
[2:44:21] | But it’s okay now. I wiped it up. | 但现在没事了 我擦干净了 |
[2:44:24] | – I got the handkerchief here. – Yeah, I can smell it. | -我在座位上垫了块手帕 -我闻出来了 |
[2:44:27] | Hey, Chuckie. | 查奇 |
[2:44:27] | You had a fish in here in your car? | 你在车里放了条鱼吗 |
[2:44:29] | For Bobby Holmes. | 给鲍比·霍姆斯的 |
[2:44:31] | You know, Bobby likes fish. | 你知道的 鲍比喜欢吃鱼 |
[2:44:33] | We cleaned it up, Jimmy. It’s all right. | 我们清理干净了 吉米 没关系 |
[2:44:35] | You cleaned it up? | 你清理干净了 |
[2:44:36] | – You cleaned it up? – Yeah. | -你清理干净了 -是的 |
[2:44:38] | What the fuck you know about fish? | 你他妈了解鱼吗 |
[2:44:40] | You ever caught a fucking fish in your life? | 你这辈子有抓过鱼吗 |
[2:44:43] | No. | 没有 |
[2:44:44] | Well, then you don’t know. See? | 那你就不了解 对吧 |
[2:44:46] | Chuck. | 小查 |
[2:44:47] | Listen to me. Never put a fish in your car. | 听我说 永远不要在车里放鱼 |
[2:44:50] | You never get the smell out. | 味道是散不掉的 |
[2:44:51] | – No… – Unless you pack it tight, you know. | -嗯… -除非包装得很好 |
[2:44:53] | No, I… I know. | 嗯 我知道 |
[2:44:55] | – You know? Remember that. – Right. | -你知道吗 记住了 -对 |
[2:44:57] | I know. | 我知道 |
[2:44:57] | It’ll help you in life. | 你会受益匪浅的 |
[2:45:04] | Frank, you couldn’t come by at 2:00 and tell me this? | 弗兰克 你就不能两点来找我 告诉我这事吗 |
[2:45:07] | I was waiting there 40 minutes like a fuckin’ moron. | 我傻傻地在那等了你四十分钟 |
[2:45:10] | Jimmy, I’m sorry. I came as soon as I got here. | 吉米 抱歉 我刚到就赶过来了 |
[2:45:13] | – You got in this morning. – No, no, no. | -你今天早上到的 -不是 |
[2:45:15] | I got here this afternoon. | 我今天下午才到的 |
[2:45:16] | Russell had business in Port Clinton. I had to wait for him. | 罗素在克林顿港办事 我得等他 |
[2:45:19] | He reminded me. I forgot. | 他提醒了我 我忘记了 |
[2:45:20] | So, we had to come and as soon as we got here, | 所以我们马上赶来 我刚到 |
[2:45:22] | I came right here to see you. | 就直接过来找你了 |
[2:45:24] | All due respect to Russ, you know, | 没有对罗素不敬的意思 |
[2:45:27] | but somebody should have come tell me, you know. | 但应该让人提前告诉我的 |
[2:45:30] | Just come tell me it’s 2:30, 2:40, at the very least. | 最起码应该来告诉我时间推迟了 |
[2:45:34] | You’re not incorrect. I mean… | 你说得对 我是说… |
[2:45:35] | Who the fuck is Pro? He sends a fucking errand boy here. | 普罗算哪根葱 还派个狗腿子过来 |
[2:45:39] | He ain’t stayin’. | 他不会待太久 |
[2:45:41] | I know he ain’t staying. | 我知道他不会待太久 |
[2:45:42] | That’s not the point, he’s staying or not staying. | 关键不在于他待多久 |
[2:45:44] | The point is Pro sent him. | 关键在于普罗派他过来 |
[2:45:46] | You know? | 知道吗 |
[2:45:46] | Point is, he should’ve come picked me up himself. | 关键是他应该亲自来接我 |
[2:45:48] | That’s the point I’m makin’. | 这才是问题的关键 |
[2:45:53] | Can you even see out of those glasses? | 你戴着这副眼镜能看得清吗 |
[2:45:56] | I can’t see a fucking thing. | 我什么都看不清 |
[2:45:58] | That’s good. I’m glad you’re not driving, then. | 很好 幸好不是你开车 |
[2:46:09] | Yeah, it’s right… It’s right up… | 就在这…这边 |
[2:46:11] | It’s right up here. Right… Right up… | 就在这边 这边 |
[2:46:13] | That building with the staircase. | 有楼梯的那房子 |
[2:46:17] | You got your friend with you? | 你带家伙了吗 |
[2:46:19] | – Right here. – Good. | -带了 -很好 |
[2:46:21] | You never know with this cocksucker, | 谁知道这个龟孙会做出什么事 |
[2:46:23] | with or without Russ there. | 不管罗素在不在场 |
[2:47:04] | Let’s get outta here, Frank. Come on. | 快走 弗兰克 快 |
[2:49:42] | James Hoffa, former president of the Teamsters Union, | 卡车司机工会前主席詹姆斯·霍法 |
[2:49:44] | disappeared on Wednesday. | 于周三失踪 |
[2:49:46] | And as of tonight, no trace of him has been found. | 截至今晚 尚未发现他的踪迹 |
[2:49:49] | Hoffa spent four years in prison and made no bones | 霍法在监狱服刑四年 他坦承 |
[2:49:52] | – about his intention… – Frank. | -自己打算… -弗兰克 |
[2:49:53] | …to get the presidency back from his successor, | 从他的继任弗兰克·菲茨西蒙斯手上 |
[2:49:55] | Frank Fitzsimmons. | 夺回主席之位 |
[2:49:57] | Fitzsimmons’ son is the vice president of… | 菲茨西蒙斯的儿子是副主席… |
[2:49:59] | Still nothing? | 还没消息吗 |
[2:50:01] | …young Fitzsimmons’ car was bombed. He was not in it. | 小菲茨西蒙斯的车被炸了 他当时不在车内 |
[2:50:04] | But there is bad blood in the Detroit Local. | 但底特律地方工会内确有不和 |
[2:50:07] | Hoffa disappeared Wednesday afternoon. | 霍法于周三下午失踪 |
[2:50:10] | Now, more than 48 hours later, with no word yet | 目前已过去48个小时 仍然不清楚 |
[2:50:14] | on what happened to Hoffa, police are extremely concerned. | 霍法出了什么事 警方对此极为关切 |
[2:50:18] | Authorities are most anxious to find whom | 当局急于弄清楚 |
[2:50:20] | Hoffa was supposed to meet outside the Red Fox restaurant | 霍法在红狐餐厅外见的是谁 |
[2:50:23] | where he was last seen. | 那是最后有人看到他的地方 |
[2:50:25] | Police think it could have been a man named Anthony Giacalone, | 警方认为可能是安东尼·加卡罗内 |
[2:50:29] | described as a big man in the Detroit Mafia. | 他被称为底特律黑手党的大佬 |
[2:50:32] | Hoffa’s son, James, tried to contact Giacalone today, | 霍法的儿子詹姆斯今天试图联系加卡罗内 |
[2:50:35] | but didn’t succeed. | 但没能联系上 |
[2:50:36] | Hoffa’s family and friends stayed | 霍法的亲朋好友今天留在 |
[2:50:39] | in the family home in Lake Orion today… | 位于湖口镇的家中 |
[2:50:41] | I should call Jo. | 我应该打给约 |
[2:50:44] | You haven’t called Jo yet? | 你还没有打给约吗 |
[2:50:53] | Why? | 为什么 |
[2:50:54] | What? | 什么 |
[2:50:56] | Why? | 为什么 |
[2:50:59] | Why what? | 什么为什么 |
[2:51:02] | Why haven’t you called Jo? | 你为什么还没有打给约 |
[2:51:04] | Has anybody come forward with a ransom demand or anything like that? | 有人索要赎金之类的吗 |
[2:51:08] | Not as of yet. | 目前还没有 |
[2:51:09] | Do you think the abduction was for ransom? | 你认为这起绑架是为了索要赎金吗 |
[2:51:12] | I’m gonna call her now. | 我现在打给她 |
[2:51:15] | Do you think the abduction | 你认为这起绑架 |
[2:51:16] | had anything to do with the recent conflicts | 和他所在的299号地方工会 |
[2:51:19] | within Local 299, his own Local? | 最近的内部冲突有关吗 |
[2:51:21] | I think the union politics | 我认为工会政治 |
[2:51:24] | is certainly something that has to be investigated. | 当然是需要进行调查的 |
[2:51:25] | One high official of the Teamsters International | 国际卡车司机工会的一位高层人士 |
[2:51:28] | says he fears the worst, | 声称他担心发生了最坏的事 |
[2:51:30] | that Hoffa may have been killed. | 即霍法可能已经被杀 |
[2:51:33] | Robert Hager, NBC News, | 全国广播公司新闻频道的罗伯特·哈格 |
[2:51:34] | Bloomfield, Michigan. | 在密歇根州布隆菲尔德为您报道 |
[2:51:37] | At a truck stop outside Detroit, | 底特律外的一处卡车休息站 |
[2:51:39] | where Hoffa rose to the top in the Teamsters Union, | 霍法在这升任卡车司机工会主席 |
[2:51:42] | truck drivers had a variety of theories… | 站内的卡车司机们众说纷纭 |
[2:51:45] | She stopped talking to me that day. | 她自那天后就没和我说过话 |
[2:51:47] | August 3rd, 1975. | 1975年8月3日 |
[2:51:52] | She’s got a good job now and lives just outside Philly. | 她现在有份好工作 住在费城外 |
[2:51:57] | But my daughter… | 但我的女儿 |
[2:52:00] | Peggy… | 佩琪 |
[2:52:02] | disappeared… | 自那天后 |
[2:52:04] | from my life that day. | 就从我的生命中消失了 |
[2:52:10] | Hello. | 喂 |
[2:52:13] | – Hello. – Hello? | -喂 -喂 |
[2:52:15] | Jo. | 约 |
[2:52:16] | Jo? | 约 |
[2:52:18] | It’s… It’s… | 是关于… |
[2:52:19] | – Frank. Frank? – Yeah. Yeah. | -弗兰克 是你吗 -是我 |
[2:52:23] | – Yeah… – I don’t… | -嗯 -我不… |
[2:52:25] | – Look, I… – Frank… | -听着 我… -弗兰克 |
[2:52:28] | Do you think… Do you think he’s alive? | 你觉得他还活着吗 |
[2:52:34] | He’s gotta be. | 他肯定还活着 |
[2:52:36] | You know, you gotta think positively. | 你得乐观一点 |
[2:52:38] | It’s just, you know, it ain’t that long. It’s just… | 还没过很久… |
[2:52:40] | But do you… | 但你… |
[2:52:42] | Do you know he’s okay? | 你知道他现在还好吗 |
[2:52:43] | No, no, no, I mean, you know me, I… | 不不不 你了解我的 我… |
[2:52:46] | He maybe did something like the Joe Bananas thing, | 他可能干了”香蕉乔”那样的事 |
[2:52:46] | 美国黑手党”第一教父” 约瑟夫·博南诺的外号 | |
[2:52:49] | where, you know, he had himself kidnapped | 把自己绑架了 |
[2:52:52] | and then came back, but he wasn’t hurt, nothing happened. | 然后毫发无损地回来了 |
[2:52:55] | Maybe he… | 也许他 |
[2:52:58] | Maybe he just felt, you know, | 也许他只是想 |
[2:52:59] | he wanted to clear his head a bit. | 清理一下自己的思绪 |
[2:53:00] | But you gotta just think that it’s gonna be… | 但你得相信… |
[2:53:03] | It’s gonna be okay. | 不会有事的 |
[2:53:06] | It’s gonna be okay. | 不会有事的 |
[2:53:09] | He’s gonna be… | 他不会… |
[2:53:12] | If you need anything, I’m here for you. | 你有什么需要的话尽管找我 |
[2:53:14] | Anything. Anything. | 任何事都行 |
[2:53:18] | Can you just… Can you call me again? | 你可以…可以再打给我吗 |
[2:53:20] | Yeah, I’ll call… I’ll call you. | 好 我会…会打给你的 |
[2:53:23] | Yeah, I’ll… I’ll call you. | 好 我会打给你的 |
[2:53:26] | I’ll check in with you tomorrow. | 我明早打给你 |
[2:53:28] | Yes, call me tomorrow. | 好 明天打给我 |
[2:53:30] | Okay. I’ll call you in the morning, okay? | 好 我明早打给你 好吗 |
[2:53:32] | Promise? | 你保证吗 |
[2:53:33] | Don’t worry. Be strong. | 别担心 坚强点 |
[2:53:35] | Be positive, huh? | 乐观点 好吗 |
[2:53:37] | Okay, Jo, okay, okay. | 好了 约 好了 |
[2:53:41] | Okay. | 好了 |
[2:53:42] | – Okay. – Talk to ya a little later. Bye. | -好 -我晚点再打给你 再见 |
[2:53:44] | – Bye. – Goodbye, Frank. | -再见 -再见 弗兰克 |
[2:54:45] | It was no more complicated than that. | 就是这么简单 |
[2:54:50] | Mr. Sheeran, | 希兰先生 |
[2:54:51] | do you know who, if anyone, | 你知道是否有人 是什么人 |
[2:54:54] | was behind the disappearance of James Hoffa? | 绑架了詹姆斯·霍法吗 |
[2:54:57] | Everybody who ever had anything to do with Jimmy | 跟吉米有关系的人 |
[2:55:00] | was hauled in and questioned. | 都被传唤进行问询 |
[2:55:02] | On the advice of counsel, | 根据律师的建议 |
[2:55:03] | I respectfully decline to answer that question | 恕我拒绝回答这个问题 |
[2:55:05] | on the grounds that it might tend to incriminate me. | 因为这可能会使我负罪 |
[2:55:07] | Okay, let me ask you this: | 好吧 我换个问题 |
[2:55:10] | what color is my pen? | 我的笔是什么颜色 |
[2:55:14] | And everybody took the Fifth. | 所有人都行使第五修正案拒绝回答 |
[2:55:15] | I mean, in that situation, that’s what you do. | 在那种情况下 只能这么做 |
[2:55:18] | What else are you gonna do? | 不然还能怎么做呢 |
[2:55:19] | Still, everybody got indicted or convicted on one thing or another, | 然而所有人都因某件事被控告和定罪 |
[2:55:24] | but not that. | 但不是因为那件事 |
[2:55:25] | Not about Jimmy. | 不是因为吉米 |
[2:55:27] | Nobody, as you know, even went to jail for that. | 如你所知 没有人因为这件事入狱 |
[2:55:30] | And nobody talked, which is unusual, | 也没有人松口 这不常见 |
[2:55:32] | ’cause usually, three people can keep a secret | 因为通常来说 三个人守不住秘密 |
[2:55:34] | only when two of them are dead. | 除非另外两人不在人世 |
[2:55:38] | Bruno Denzetta and Marco Rossi, | 布鲁诺·邓赞塔和马尔科·罗西 |
[2:55:41] | they got 20 years each for shaking down a trucking company. | 他们因敲诈一家货运公司而分别被判刑二十年 |
[2:55:45] | Pro was convicted with them, | 普罗和他们一起被判刑 |
[2:55:47] | but he was already back in school | 但他早就因为 |
[2:55:49] | for that other matter I talked about before. | 我之前说过的另一件事进了监狱 |
[2:55:51] | Well, you remember that poor union treasurer, | 还记得可怜的工会财务 |
[2:55:53] | Tony “Three Fingers,” who got more votes than Pro? | “三指”托尼吗 就是比普罗获得更多选票的那个 |
[2:55:56] | They got him on that. | 他们因此把他做掉了 |
[2:55:58] | Sally Bugs, you know, he did that one. | 小虫萨利动的手 |
[2:56:07] | One day, Bugs was seen walking into the Federal building. | 有一天 有人看见小虫走进了政府大楼 |
[2:56:12] | What he did itself ain’t no crime. | 他做的事不是犯罪 |
[2:56:14] | I mean, a lot of people get called in for things. | 很多人都因为做了某事而被传唤 |
[2:56:17] | But Sally knows better. | 但萨利明白事理 |
[2:56:19] | How come he didn’t say anything to anybody? | 他怎么会什么都没告诉别人呢 |
[2:56:23] | He didn’t tell anybody one word. | 他一句话都没跟别人说 |
[2:56:25] | Not one word. | 一句话都没有 |
[2:56:28] | And one thing for sure, | 可以肯定的是 |
[2:56:30] | he didn’t go there for fucking lunch. | 他去那里不是为了吃午餐的 |
[2:56:46] | Sally. | 萨利 |
[2:56:47] | – What’s good? – Hey, Irish. | -你好吗 -你好啊 爱尔兰人 |
[2:57:02] | Turns out Sally did tell somebody | 后来才知道萨利确实跟别人说了 |
[2:57:03] | he had to go in there for something. | 他要去那里办事 |
[2:57:05] | They just forgot to tell somebody else. | 只不过对方忘了告诉别人 |
[2:57:07] | So it was a bad hit. | 我们杀错人了 |
[2:57:12] | Jimmy’s son, Chuckie, you know, his foster son, | 吉米的儿子查奇 他的养子 |
[2:57:14] | was in the thing, too, | 也参与了这件事 |
[2:57:16] | but he didn’t know it. | 但他并不知情 |
[2:57:18] | All Chuckie knew was he was pickin’ up | 查奇只知道他要接 |
[2:57:20] | one of Pro’s guys and me, | 我和一个普罗的人 |
[2:57:22] | and we was all gonna pick up his dad | 然后我们要一起到红狐餐厅 |
[2:57:24] | at the Red Fox for a meeting. | 接他爸去开会 |
[2:57:27] | Well, I mean, he was in it, yeah, | 他参与了这件事 没错 |
[2:57:28] | you could say that, but stupidly. | 可以这么说 但他是糊里糊涂的 |
[2:57:31] | I… I always felt sorry for Chuckie in this whole thing. | 我一直对查奇心怀愧疚 |
[2:57:34] | And I… I still do. | 我现在仍然很愧疚 |
[2:57:36] | And the Feds gave him ten months | 联调局因为一台车的破事 |
[2:57:37] | for some bullshit thing about a car, and that’s about it. | 让他被判刑十个月 事情大概就是这样 |
[2:57:40] | Who knows what the fuck… | 谁知道是在搞什么 |
[2:57:43] | Fat Tony Salerno, they got on an income tax thing. | 胖子托尼·萨雷诺因为所得税的事情被抓 |
[2:57:48] | A little while after, | 不久之后 |
[2:57:49] | he was diagnosed with prostate cancer. | 他被查出患有前列腺癌 |
[2:57:55] | There’s a… a pork store up in… | 北加州有一家 |
[2:58:00] | northern California. | 猪肉店 |
[2:58:03] | Right around… | 就在 |
[2:58:06] | Walnut Creek. | 核桃溪市边上 |
[2:58:07] | You’re from up there, ain’t you? | 你是从那里来的 对吧 |
[2:58:09] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | -对 -嗯 |
[2:58:10] | And you might even know the guy that runs it. | 你可能还认识店主 |
[2:58:13] | Actually, I’m looking for a little favor… | 其实 我想让你帮个忙 |
[2:58:16] | for him, not for me. | 帮他 不是帮我 |
[2:58:19] | But if you can get him a ticket, like, to Australia… | 你能不能帮他弄张机票 比如去澳大利亚的 |
[2:58:24] | You know what I mean. | 你懂我的意思 |
[2:58:28] | Yeah. | 好 |
[2:58:30] | You want to help him get down there? | 你愿意帮他出国吗 |
[2:58:38] | Ye… Yeah. | 愿意 |
[2:58:39] | Now, Russell, he got pinched | 罗素被抓了 |
[2:58:41] | for telling Jimmy the Weasel to strangle Jack Napoli | 因为杰克·拿波里从他那赊账 |
[2:58:44] | over some beef about 25 grand of jewelry | 拿走了价值两万五的珠宝却没还钱 |
[2:58:46] | that Jack took on credit from Russell | 于是他让黄鼠狼吉米 |
[2:58:49] | and then he never paid for. | 去把杰克勒死 |
[2:58:51] | Now, with Russ, you don’t do that. | 你不能对罗素做这样的事 |
[2:58:54] | So, only thing is, the Weasel, he flipped. | 问题在于 黄鼠狼叛变了 |
[2:58:58] | He had a wire on him. | 他身上带了窃听器 |
[2:59:00] | They called it “conspiracy to kill a witness.” | 他们声称他”密谋杀害目击者” |
[2:59:02] | It was obvious to everybody else | 显而易见的是 |
[2:59:04] | that Napoli was clearly in the wrong. | 拿波里做得不对 |
[2:59:05] | I mean, how could you not see that? | 这难道不明显吗 |
[2:59:08] | He set him up. It was entrapment. | 他陷害了他 这是诱捕 |
[2:59:09] | What else could you call it? | 难道不是吗 |
[2:59:11] | But that’s another thing I don’t wanna get into now. | 但这件事我现在也不想细说 |
[2:59:15] | Raise your right hand. | 举起右手 |
[2:59:16] | They brought me up on bribery and labor racketeering charges | 他们把我送上法庭 指控我行贿和工会诈骗 |
[2:59:19] | and some other bullshit things I don’t know. | 还有其他一些我不知道的破事 |
[2:59:22] | the whole truth and nothing but the truth, | 你是否向上帝发誓 你所说的全是事实 |
[2:59:24] | – so help you God? – I do. | -没有任何隐瞒 -我发誓 |
[2:59:25] | Did you also tell them that Mr. Boffa | 你是否还告诉他们巴法先生 |
[2:59:27] | had given you and your wife luxury vehicles? | 送了你和你妻子豪车 |
[2:59:30] | Mr. Cole, I worked for 44 years, | 科尔先生 我工作了44年 |
[2:59:33] | I never took one dime illegal off Boffa or nobody else. | 我没收过巴法或者别人的任何不法之财 |
[2:59:37] | You can think whatever you wanna think. Don’t matter to me. | 你怎么想是你的事 跟我没关系 |
[2:59:40] | But all they got me for was blowing up a crane company | 但他们能落实的罪名 只有我炸了一家吊车公司 |
[2:59:43] | that fired two of my shop stewards | 那家公司开除了我的两个工会谈判代表 |
[2:59:45] | for no good reason. | 却没有正当的理由 |
[2:59:49] | And… And my Lincoln. | 还有我的林肯汽车 |
[2:59:51] | I mean, I bought that car from Eugene Boffa. | 我从尤金·巴法手里买下来的 |
[2:59:55] | He leased truck drivers to freight companies, | 他向货运公司出租卡车司机 |
[2:59:57] | and then he paid them substandard wages. | 然后付给他们低于正常标准的工资 |
[3:00:02] | They said I paid a lot less for the car | 他们说我买这辆车花的钱 |
[3:00:04] | than what it was worth. | 远低于其价值 |
[3:00:06] | They said the car was a bribe. | 他们说这辆车是贿赂 |
[3:00:14] | I… I… I loved that car. | 我爱这辆车 |
[3:00:17] | But it wasn’t worth the 18 years they gave me for it. | 但它不值得我为它坐十八年牢 |
[3:00:21] | That’s for sure. | 这是肯定的 |
[3:00:27] | Russell, he had a stroke. | 罗素中风了 |
[3:00:29] | Fat Tony, he couldn’t control his urine no more. | 胖托尼尿失禁了 |
[3:00:33] | And my arthritis that started in the foxholes of Anzio | 我在安齐奥的散兵坑里得上的关节炎 |
[3:00:38] | was eatin’ away at my lower back now, | 不断折磨着我的腰 |
[3:00:40] | and I couldn’t feel much in my feet no more. | 我的脚已经没什么知觉了 |
[3:00:43] | I needed a cane. | 我需要拄拐杖 |
[3:00:44] | But, you know, they’re not gonna give you a cane in the can | 但他们不会在牢里给你配拐杖 |
[3:00:47] | because they say you’re gonna use it as a weapon. | 因为他们怕你把它当作武器 |
[3:00:50] | There was this medicine, Neurontin, | 有一种叫诺立汀的药 |
[3:00:52] | it helped me a little bit, | 对我有点帮助 |
[3:00:53] | but it also made you loopy. | 但也会使你神经错乱 |
[3:00:55] | He’s got it! | 他要打中了 |
[3:00:57] | He’s got it! | 他要打中了 |
[3:00:59] | We were all falling apart right there | 我们在严寒中 |
[3:01:01] | in the freezing fucking cold. | 都要崩溃了 |
[3:01:02] | I can see it from here. You getting scared now? | 我在这里就能看到 你现在怕了吗 |
[3:01:04] | Yeah, you stay here another fucking ten years, | 你再练个十年 |
[3:01:06] | you’ll beat me. | 才有可能赢我 |
[3:01:17] | Is this the good grape juice? | 这是好喝的葡萄汁吗 |
[3:01:31] | I can’t eat it. | 我吃不了这个 |
[3:01:33] | – Take a bite. – I got no teeth. I can’t. | -吃一口 -我没牙 吃不了 |
[3:01:35] | Put a little piece. | 给我一小块 |
[3:01:37] | Just a little piece, thank you. | 一小块就好 谢谢 |
[3:01:38] | That’s it? | 还要吗 |
[3:01:53] | – E buono, no? – Buono. | -好吃吧 -好吃 |
[3:01:55] | Buono. | 好吃 |
[3:02:01] | Jimmy was a good man. | 吉米是个好人 |
[3:02:03] | You know? He had a nice family too, huh? | 他还有美满的家庭 不是吗 |
[3:02:08] | Yeah. Yeah. I know. | 是的 我知道 |
[3:02:12] | I never wanted it to go that far. | 我从没想过要把事情做这么绝 |
[3:02:23] | I picked us over him. | 我为了我们的利益而放弃了他 |
[3:02:27] | Fuck ’em. | 去他们的 |
[3:02:29] | Fuck ’em. | 去他们的 |
[3:02:32] | Fuck ’em. | 去他们的 |
[3:02:39] | Mangia che cresci… figlio mio, mangia. | 吃吧 小子 吃吧 |
[3:02:58] | Hey, Russ. | 罗素 |
[3:02:59] | Hey, Frankie. | 弗兰克 |
[3:03:01] | – Where you goin’? – What? | -你要去哪 -什么 |
[3:03:02] | – Where you goin’? – I’m going to church. | -你要去哪 -我要去教堂 |
[3:03:05] | Church? | 教堂 |
[3:03:07] | Don’t laugh, you’ll see. | 别笑 到时你就知道了 |
[3:03:09] | Don’t laugh. | 别笑 |
[3:03:10] | You’ll see. | 到时你就知道了 |
[3:03:19] | Russell went to church. | 罗素去了教堂 |
[3:03:23] | Then he went to the prison hospital. | 后来他去了监狱的医院 |
[3:03:29] | And… And then he went to the graveyard. | 再后来他进了坟墓 |
[3:03:35] | Lord Jesus Christ… | 主耶稣基督 |
[3:03:38] | I got out that October. | 我在那年的十月出狱了 |
[3:03:40] | Reenie died in December. | 琳妮在十二月去世了 |
[3:03:42] | On December 23rd, to be exact. | 准确地说是12月23日 |
[3:03:46] | Lung cancer. | 肺癌 |
[3:03:47] | No surprise. | 一点也不意外 |
[3:03:49] | …even as it claims our mortal bodies. | 即使夺去了我们必死的身躯 |
[3:03:53] | Grant that our sister may sleep here in peace, | 让我们的姐妹在此安眠 |
[3:03:55] | until you awaken her to glory. | 直至您用荣光将她唤醒 |
[3:03:58] | For you are the resurrection and the life. | 因为您就是复苏和生命 |
[3:04:01] | And then she will see you face to face, | 然后她将与您面对面 |
[3:04:04] | and in your light will see light, | 在您的光明中看见光明 |
[3:04:06] | and know the splendor of God for ever and ever. | 感受上帝的光辉 直到永远 |
[3:04:11] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[3:04:45] | …six points shy of his career average of .296 | 这个赛季他的击打率比生涯平均的29.6% |
[3:04:50] | coming into this season. | 低了六个百分点 |
[3:04:51] | Top four batters in this lineup for Philadelphia | 费城队阵容里前四位击球员 |
[3:04:54] | today are all switch hitters. | 都是左右手都能打的 |
[3:05:50] | Much to the frustration of some policy makers, | 使一些政策制定者失望的是 |
[3:05:53] | NATO military leaders will not risk | 北约军事领导人不会冒险 |
[3:05:56] | low flying attacks on Serb troops in Kosovo. | 对科索沃的塞尔维亚军队发动低空袭击 |
[3:06:01] | It could take days more of systematic bombing, | 还需要进行多日的系统轰炸 |
[3:06:04] | especially since the Serbs | 尤其是因为塞尔维亚人 |
[3:06:05] | have hidden so many of their anti-aircraft missiles, | 将很多防空导弹藏了起来 |
[3:06:08] | in essence, daring NATO to fly low. | 想引诱北约军队进行低空空袭 |
[3:06:34] | You go… you go there. Yeah, yeah. | 你去吧 去吧 |
[3:06:37] | Yeah, yeah. | 去吧 |
[3:06:45] | 暂停营业 请到隔壁柜台 | |
[3:06:47] | Peggy. | 佩琪 |
[3:06:49] | Peggy. I just want to talk. | 佩琪 我只是想和你聊聊 |
[3:07:13] | I just, you know… I… | 我只是 我… |
[3:07:15] | She walked away. | 她走开了 |
[3:07:17] | I know she’s mad at me and all, but I… I want… | 我知道她生我的气 但我想… |
[3:07:20] | Call her. Call her. I just want to talk to her. | 打给她 打给她 我只是想和她聊聊 |
[3:07:24] | Talk to her and tell her what? | 和她聊什么呢 |
[3:07:27] | What… | 什么 |
[3:07:28] | I just want to say I’m sorry. That’s all. | 我只是想跟她道个歉 仅此而已 |
[3:07:32] | For? | 为什么道歉 |
[3:07:35] | Look… | 听着 |
[3:07:37] | I know I wasn’t a… a good dad. I know that. | 我知道我不是个好父亲 我知道 |
[3:07:40] | I know that. I was just trying to protect her. | 我知道 我只是想保护她 |
[3:07:43] | Protect all of youse. | 保护你们每个人不受伤害 |
[3:07:44] | I mean, that’s what I was doing. That’s… | 那就是我做的事 |
[3:07:48] | From what? | 受什么伤害 |
[3:07:50] | Well, everything. | 一切事情 |
[3:07:52] | I mean… | 我是说 |
[3:07:53] | You… Youse had a sheltered life, in a way, | 某种程度上 你们以前过着受保护的生活 |
[3:07:57] | because you didn’t see what I see | 因为你们没见过我所见过的事 |
[3:07:59] | and what I’ve been through. | 没经历过我所经历的事 |
[3:08:02] | There’s a lot of bad people out there. | 外面有很多坏人 |
[3:08:05] | What else am I gonna do? | 我还能做什么 |
[3:08:07] | Daddy, you have no idea what it was like for us. | 爸 你根本不知道我们以前的感受 |
[3:08:11] | I mean, we couldn’t go to you with a problem | 我们出了问题没法找你 |
[3:08:13] | ’cause of what you would do. | 怕你会做不好的事 |
[3:08:14] | You know, we couldn’t come to you for protection | 我们没法向你寻求保护 |
[3:08:17] | because of the terrible things that you would do. | 因为你会做可怕的事 |
[3:08:22] | I was just… I was… | 我只是 只是 |
[3:08:23] | I didn’t want to see youse get hurt, that’s all. | 不想看你们受到伤害 仅此而已 |
[3:08:31] | I know you read a lot of things about me, heard about me. | 我知道你们读到过 听说过很多我的事情 |
[3:08:34] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[3:08:35] | I… | 我… |
[3:08:38] | Can I do anything now to make it up to you? | 我现在能做些什么来补偿你们吗 |
[3:08:53] | If you’re looking for something with a little bit more luxury, | 如果你想要奢华一点的 |
[3:08:56] | we have these two models over here. | 我们有这两款 |
[3:08:58] | They’re like the Cadillacs of caskets. | 它们就像棺材界的凯迪拉克 |
[3:09:01] | Now, if we puttin’ you in the fuckin’ oven, | 如果你要火化的话 |
[3:09:02] | it really doesn’t matter what you go in. | 用什么棺材其实都无所谓 |
[3:09:05] | The cheapest shit possible. | 越便宜越好 |
[3:09:06] | Particle board, that’s it. | 复合板就够了 |
[3:09:08] | What are we doin’ today? Are we doin’ a cremation? | 后事打算怎么办 火葬吗 |
[3:09:11] | – A burial. – Burial? | -土葬 -土葬 |
[3:09:14] | Is it for a man or for a woman? | 是男人还是女人 |
[3:09:16] | Me. | 是我 |
[3:09:18] | Shit. | 靠 |
[3:09:23] | You see anything you like? | 有喜欢的吗 |
[3:09:36] | – That green one. – That’s a beauty. | -那个绿色的 -那个很漂亮 |
[3:09:38] | That one’ll set you back about $7,500 | 如果你今天就买的话 |
[3:09:40] | if you take it home today. | 大概要七千五百块 |
[3:09:43] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[3:09:45] | Can you do any better? | 能便宜点吗 |
[3:09:47] | I mean, buddy, this is what you want to go home in, no? | 伙计 你想在这棺材里长眠是吧 |
[3:09:53] | I think we could go six on that for you. How about that? | 那就算你六千吧 怎么样 |
[3:09:57] | – Six flat cash work for you? – That’s good. | -六千现金 行吗 -可以 |
[3:10:00] | Good for me. | 可以 |
[3:10:21] | Sooner or later, | 迟早 |
[3:10:23] | everybody put here has a date when he’s gonna go. | 这世上每一个人都有离开的那天 |
[3:10:26] | That’s just the way it is. | 人生就是如此 |
[3:10:29] | And I think there’s gotta be something when you go | 我认为离开的时候肯定会发生什么 |
[3:10:33] | ’cause, I mean, how the hell did this whole thing start? | 不然 这一切到底是怎么开始的 |
[3:10:42] | People smarter than me can’t figure it out. | 比我聪明的人都没搞清楚 |
[3:10:44] | That’s why I would never go for cremation | 所以我绝对不会选择火葬 |
[3:10:46] | because it’s so… it’s so final. | 因为那就真的结束了 |
[3:10:50] | This… This one. | 这个 |
[3:10:53] | 1948. | 1948号 |
[3:10:56] | That’s the hardest part of anybody when they bury youse, | 对埋葬你的人来说最难接受的 |
[3:10:59] | is when they go into the ground | 就是入土的时候 |
[3:11:01] | because it’s… it’s so final. | 因为那就真的结束了 |
[3:11:04] | If you go into a building, the building’s there. | 如果你要埋在房子里 房子还在 |
[3:11:07] | The crypt is there. | 墓还在 |
[3:11:08] | It has to be a metal casket, | 一定要用金属棺材 |
[3:11:10] | and they have you in the room. | 他们把你放在房间里 |
[3:11:12] | And all that there. | 都放好 |
[3:11:14] | It’s just not as final. | 就不算完全结束了 |
[3:11:15] | You’re dead, but it ain’t that final. | 你死了 但还没结束 |
[3:11:21] | I’m sorry, but I gotta direct youse to my attorney, | 抱歉 如果你们想谈霍法先生的事 |
[3:11:25] | Mr. Ragano… | 我就得 |
[3:11:28] | if youse want to talk about Mr. Hoffa or… | 请你们去找我的律师 |
[3:11:31] | or any matter, for that matter. | 雷加诺先生 |
[3:11:34] | I got noth… nothing new to say. | 我没有别的可说的 |
[3:11:36] | He’s dead. | 他死了 |
[3:11:38] | Who’s dead? | 谁死了 |
[3:11:40] | Your attorney, Mr. Ragano. | 你的律师 雷加诺先生 |
[3:11:42] | – He’s dead? – Yeah. | -他死了 -是的 |
[3:11:43] | Who did it? | 谁干的 |
[3:11:45] | Cancer. | 癌症 |
[3:11:49] | Everybody’s dead, Mr. Sheeran. | 所有人都死了 希兰先生 |
[3:11:53] | It’s over. | 结束了 |
[3:11:55] | They’re all gone. | 他们都死了 |
[3:11:56] | Russell, Angelo, Salerno, | 罗素 安吉洛 萨雷诺 |
[3:11:58] | Pro, Dorfman, Sally Bugs. | 普罗 多夫曼 小虫萨利 |
[3:12:01] | They’re gone. | 他们都死了 |
[3:12:04] | Who are you protecting? | 你在保护谁 |
[3:12:07] | You know who’s not gone? | 你知道谁没死吗 |
[3:12:10] | Mr. Hoffa’s family. His children. | 霍法先生的家人 他的孩子们 |
[3:12:13] | They’re here. And they gotta live not knowing. | 他们还活着 他们一辈子都得不到真相 |
[3:12:17] | That’s hard to do. | 那很难熬 |
[3:12:21] | I mean, you got kids, Frank. | 你也有孩子 弗兰克 |
[3:12:24] | Can you imagine? | 你能想象吗 |
[3:12:30] | Frank, it’s time. It’s time you say what happened. | 弗兰克 是时候了 该说出真相了 |
[3:12:40] | You seem like nice fellas. | 你们看起来人不错 |
[3:12:43] | I appreciate youse coming to see me. | 感谢你们亲自来找我 |
[3:12:46] | But I… I can’t help you. | 但我帮不了你们 |
[3:12:52] | That’s it? | 就这样吗 |
[3:12:53] | That’s it. | 就这样 |
[3:13:01] | Holy Mary, Mother of God… | 圣母玛利亚 |
[3:13:03] | Holy Mary, Mother of God… | 圣母玛利亚 |
[3:13:05] | – Pray for us sinners… – Pray for us sinners… | -请为我们这些罪人祈祷 -请为我们这些罪人祈祷 |
[3:13:07] | – Now and at the hour of our death. – Now and at the hour of our death. | -现在和我们临终时 -现在和我们临终时 |
[3:13:11] | – Amen. – Amen. | -阿门 -阿门 |
[3:13:15] | That was… | 这… |
[3:13:17] | That wasn’t too bad. | 这还不错 |
[3:13:19] | It’s been a while. | 很久没祷告过了 |
[3:13:21] | Not bad at all. | 真的很不错 |
[3:13:22] | And the intention was there. The intention. | 真心实意的 发自内心 |
[3:13:24] | I know. | 我知道 |
[3:13:26] | I know the intention is there. | 我知道你是发自内心的 |
[3:13:28] | It was there, Father. | 是真的 神父 |
[3:13:31] | Do you feel anything for… | 你对自己做过的事 |
[3:13:33] | for what you’ve done? | 有任何感觉吗 |
[3:13:39] | I, I don’t. I mean, maybe that… | 没有 不过也许… |
[3:13:43] | Because I’m here now talking to you, | 我现在坐在这里跟你说话 |
[3:13:45] | that in itself is, | 也许这本身就是 |
[3:13:47] | you know, an attempt to… | 一种尝试… |
[3:13:54] | But you don’t feel anything at all? | 但你真的一点感觉都没有吗 |
[3:13:59] | No. | 没有 |
[3:14:03] | Water under the dam. | 都是过去的事了 |
[3:14:09] | Any… Any remorse for the families? | 对他的家人有没有愧疚呢 |
[3:14:13] | I… I didn’t know the families. | 我不认识他的家人 |
[3:14:18] | I didn’t know ’em. Except one I knew. | 我不认识他们 只认识一个 |
[3:14:26] | I think we can… we can be sorry… | 我认为我们可以悔过 |
[3:14:29] | We can be sorry even when we don’t feel sorry. | 我们可以悔过 即使我们不觉得难过 |
[3:14:33] | Well, for us to say, to make a decision of the will… | 我们可以做出意志上的决定 |
[3:14:36] | “God… | “上帝啊 |
[3:14:38] | I am sorry, God. | 我很抱歉 上帝 |
[3:14:41] | Forgive me.” | 原谅我” |
[3:14:43] | And that… that’s a decision of the will. | 这就是意志上的决定 |
[3:14:54] | What kind of man | 什么样的人 |
[3:14:57] | makes a… a phone call like that? | 会打那样一通电话 |
[3:15:05] | What do you mean? What phone call? | 什么意思 什么电话 |
[3:15:07] | Well, I can’t tell you. | 我不能告诉你 |
[3:15:12] | I can’t. I got… | 我不能 我得… |
[3:15:15] | That’s okay. | 没关系 |
[3:15:19] | Frank, do you wanna pray with me again? | 弗兰克 你想再和我祷告一次吗 |
[3:15:21] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[3:15:23] | This time, we’ll do it in our own words. Okay? | 这次我们用自己的话来说 好吗 |
[3:15:25] | Okay. | 好 |
[3:15:28] | God, we come before you | 上帝啊 我们来到您面前 |
[3:15:31] | sinful and sorrowful. | 罪孽深重 忧伤不已 |
[3:15:33] | Sinful and sorrowful. | 罪孽深重 忧伤不已 |
[3:15:37] | We know you are all good and all merciful. | 我们知道您善良仁慈 |
[3:15:41] | We know you are all good and all merciful. | 我们知道您善良仁慈 |
[3:15:45] | – We ask you… – We ask you… | -我们请求您 -我们请求您 |
[3:15:49] | to help us see ourselves… | 用您的眼光 |
[3:15:51] | to help us see ourselves… | 用您的眼光 |
[3:15:54] | – as you see us. – as you see us. | -帮我们看清自己 -帮我们看清自己 |
[3:15:59] | That’s my daughter, Peggy. | 这是我女儿 佩琪 |
[3:16:01] | – Is it? – Yeah. | -是吗 -是的 |
[3:16:03] | I don’t think I’ve met her yet. | 我好像还没见过她 |
[3:16:05] | Well, she… she ain’t been around too much. | 她不怎么过来 |
[3:16:08] | Is she your only child? | 她是你的独生女吗 |
[3:16:09] | No, I got four daughters. | 不是 我有四个女儿 |
[3:16:12] | Over there. See? | 你看 |
[3:16:13] | Beautiful. | 真漂亮 |
[3:16:15] | – Busy man. – Yeah. | -大忙人 -是啊 |
[3:16:19] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[3:16:21] | Who’s that with her? | 她身旁是谁 |
[3:16:24] | You don’t know who that is? | 你不知道这是谁 |
[3:16:27] | No. | 不知道 |
[3:16:29] | Jimmy Hoffa. | 吉米·霍法 |
[3:16:32] | Oh, yeah. | 是他啊 |
[3:16:33] | Yeah, right, “Oh, yeah.” | 得了吧 “是他啊” |
[3:16:37] | You don’t know who he is. | 你不知道他是谁 |
[3:16:38] | Okay, I don’t. | 好吧 我不知道 |
[3:16:41] | Yeah. Boy, you don’t know how fast time goes by | 是啊 你想不到时间过得有多快 |
[3:16:44] | until you get there. | 明白了已经晚了 |
[3:16:46] | But you don’t have to worry about that | 不过你不用担心这个 |
[3:16:48] | because you have your whole life ahead of you. | 因为你还有大把的好时光 |
[3:16:50] | Forever. It goes fast, time… | 长得很 时间过得太快… |
[3:16:53] | I’m tellin’ ya. | 我跟你说 |
[3:16:54] | I’m trying to take your pulse, Mr. Sheeran. | 我在给你量脉搏 希兰先生 |
[3:16:56] | Please, please don’t talk. | 请不要说话 |
[3:17:00] | It’s great today. | 今天很不错 |
[3:17:02] | I’m still alive? | 我还活着 |
[3:17:03] | – Yes, you are. – That’s good to know. | -是的 -真是好消息 |
[3:17:06] | Alive and well. | 活得好好的 |
[3:17:07] | And you’re free | 现在没事了 |
[3:17:09] | till later today when we have to put you through all this again. | 不过晚些时候还要再给你检查一遍 |
[3:17:11] | I’m here. | 我哪都不去 |
[3:17:31] | …ministry of the church. | …教会之奉 |
[3:17:33] | May God grant you pardon and peace, Frank. | 愿上帝赐予你宽恕与平静 弗兰克 |
[3:17:36] | And I absolve you from your sins. | 我赦免你的罪 |
[3:17:37] | In the name of the Father, and of the Son, | 以圣父 圣子 |
[3:17:40] | and of the Holy Spirit, amen. | 圣灵的名义 阿门 |
[3:17:43] | Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. | 感谢上帝 因为上帝仁慈 |
[3:17:46] | His mercy… | 他的慈爱 |
[3:17:47] | – His mercy endures forever. – endures forever. | -他的慈爱永远长存 -永远长存 |
[3:17:49] | All right, Frank. I’ll be back to visit, okay? Very soon. | 好了 弗兰克 我很快就会再来看你 |
[3:17:52] | Probably after the Christmas holidays. | 大概圣诞假期后 |
[3:17:56] | Okay. | 好的 |
[3:17:57] | – Frank, God bless you. – You too. Thank you. | -弗兰克 上帝保佑你 -你也是 谢谢 |
[3:18:02] | It’s Christmas? | 圣诞节到了 |
[3:18:04] | Almost. | 快了 |
[3:18:06] | Well, I ain’t going nowhere. | 我哪也不去 |
[3:18:10] | – Father? – Yup? | -神父 -怎么 |
[3:18:13] | Do me a favor? | 帮我个忙好吗 |
[3:18:15] | Don’t shut the door all the way. I don’t like that. Just… | 别把门关严 我不喜欢那样 |
[3:18:18] | – leave it open a little bit. – Okay. | -留一条缝 -好 |