英文名称:The Goldfinch
年代:2019
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:53] | In Amsterdam, I dreamt I saw my mother again. | 在阿姆斯特丹 我梦到再一次看到了母亲 |
[01:00] | She was just as glad to see me as I was to see her. | 我们都很高兴能见到彼此 |
[01:08] | Same beautiful pale blue eyes. | 那双淡蓝色的眼睛依旧美丽 |
[01:16] | Everything would’ve turned out better if she had lived. | 如果她还在世 一切都会比现在更好 |
[01:25] | As it was, she died when I was a kid. | 事实上 我小时候她就去世了 |
[01:30] | And when I lost her… | 我失去她的时候 |
[01:32] | I lost sight of any landmark | 我再也看不到 |
[01:34] | that might’ve led me some place happier. | 能让我幸福起来的前进方向了 |
[01:42] | You see, her death was my fault. | 她的死是我的错 |
[01:47] | Everybody used to tell me that it wasn’t. | 大家都说不是我的错 |
[01:51] | That it was a terrible accident. | 说那是一场可怕的意外 |
[01:56] | Which is all perfectly true. | 他们说得完全没错 |
[02:02] | And I don’t believe a word of it. | 而我一个字都不相信 |
[02:07] | It was my fault. | 是我的错 |
[02:11] | Just like everything that’s happened since. | 和之后发生的每一件事一样 |
[02:15] | The painting. | 那幅画 |
[02:19] | The painting. | 那幅画 |
[02:24] | All my fault. | 都是我的错 |
[02:28] | I lost something that should have been immortal. | 我失去了本该永恒的东西 |
[02:34] | I didn’t mean to do it. | 我并非有意为之 |
[02:38] | Because what I’ve done cannot be undone. | 因为我做的事无法挽回 |
[02:46] | It doesn’t matter that I’m going to die. | 我要死了也无所谓了 |
[02:52] | But for all time, | 但是一直以来 |
[02:54] | for as long as history is written, | 自历史被书写的那一刻起 |
[02:58] | that painting will be remembered and mourned. | 这幅画都将被人铭记和悼念 |
[03:23] | As best we can tell, | 我们知道的情况是 |
[03:25] | he made his own way back to his mother’s apartment from the museum. | 他自己从博物馆回到了他妈妈的公寓 |
[03:28] | He waited there for her all night to come back | 他一整晚都在等她回来 |
[03:30] | and when she didn’t, | 但是她没回去 |
[03:32] | he rang the emergency number they were showing on TV. | 他打了电视上播放的紧急电话 |
[03:35] | When they realized his age, they alerted us. | 他们发现他还是小孩后 通知了我们 |
[03:38] | I don’t know if you’re aware | 不知道你有没有注意到 |
[03:39] | but Theo’s father left the family about six months ago. | 但西奥的父亲六个月前离开了家 |
[03:42] | I wasn’t aware. | 我不知道 |
[03:44] | My son and Theo were friends in elementary school. | 我儿子和西奥是小学同学 |
[03:47] | To my knowledge, they haven’t seen much of each other for a while. | 据我所知 他们有一段时间没怎么见面了 |
[03:53] | I’m afraid I don’t quite understand. | 恐怕我不是很明白 |
[03:55] | Right now, | 现在 |
[03:57] | he is a minor child in need of temporary emergency care. | 他是个需要临时紧急照顾的未成年儿童 |
[04:02] | When we asked Theo if he could think of anyone | 我们问西奥能不能想出 |
[04:05] | that might be able to help for a while, | 有谁能暂时帮帮忙的 |
[04:07] | he suggested you. | 他推荐了你 |
[04:15] | Come in, come in. | 请进 快请进 |
[04:17] | I’m afraid Andy isn’t up yet. | 安迪怕是还没起床 |
[04:20] | You can rest here if you like. | 你愿意的话 可以在这休息 |
[04:29] | Let’s get you squared away. | 给你收拾一下吧 |
[04:32] | Oh, here we are. | 给你 |
[04:35] | You’ll be… | 你会 |
[04:38] | You’ll be feeling awfully rough. | 你心里会非常难过 |
[04:42] | Hell of a thing to happen. | 发生了这么可怕的事情 |
[04:43] | Good Lord. | 上帝啊 |
[04:46] | In the circumstances, | 在这种情况下 |
[04:47] | I wouldn’t see the harm in pouring you | 现在给你倒点 我父亲所谓的一小口 |
[04:49] | what my father used to call a minor nip, | 也没什么不好的 |
[04:52] | – if you should want some. – Chance. | -如果你想来一点的话 -钱斯 |
[04:53] | Which of course you don’t. | 你当然不需要了 |
[04:55] | Quite unsuitable. | 非常不合适 |
[04:57] | We’re perfectly happy to have you, Theo. | 我们非常欢迎你来 西奥 |
[05:01] | I hope you’ll make yourself as comfortable as you can. | 希望你能把这里当作自己的家 |
[05:20] | What’s happening? | 出了什么事 |
[05:21] | That’s Theo. His mom passed away. | 是西奥 他妈妈去世了 |
[05:27] | Someone to see you, Theo. | 有人来看你了 西奥 |
[05:39] | Disturbing. | 真烦人 |
[05:44] | Yeah. | 对 |
[05:46] | No, apparently no one has any idea where he is. | 不 很显然大家都不知道他在哪 |
[05:50] | He wasn’t paying child support. | 他没支付抚养费 |
[05:52] | He left debts. | 还欠了债 |
[05:53] | He more or less flew town without a word. | 他时不时不说一下就飞回来 |
[05:57] | I don’t think we had a choice. | 我觉得我们别无选择 |
[05:59] | We couldn’t very well turn the boy away. | 我们不好拒绝这个孩子 |
[06:02] | No. Just for a few weeks. | 不 他就待几周而已 |
[06:05] | Do you sail, Theo? | 你会划帆船吗 西奥 |
[06:07] | No, sir. | 不会 先生 |
[06:09] | That’s a pity. | 真可惜 |
[06:10] | Andy had the most outstanding time | 安迪去年在缅因州的帆船夏令营 |
[06:12] | at his sailing camp up in Maine last year. | 度过了最精彩的一段时光 |
[06:14] | They were the worst two weeks of my life. | 那是我人生中最难熬的两周 |
[06:16] | Nonsense. | 胡说 |
[06:18] | You lack confidence. That’s all. | 你缺乏自信 仅此而已 |
[06:21] | Would you like me to ask Etta | 需要我让埃塔 |
[06:22] | to make you something else to eat, Theo? | 给你做点别的吃吗 西奥 |
[06:26] | I’m not hungry. | 我不饿 |
[06:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:29] | Where’s his dad? | 他爸爸去哪了 |
[06:31] | Good question. | 问得好 |
[06:32] | Oh, my God! | 天啊 |
[07:17] | Try this on, Theo. It’s an old one of Platt’s. | 试试这件 西奥 是普拉特的旧衣服 |
[07:20] | It’s so cold outside. | 外面太冷了 |
[07:24] | Outside? | 外面 |
[07:26] | I think you should go back to school next week. | 我觉得你下周应该回去上课了 |
[07:29] | The sooner we get back to a normal routine the better. | 越快回归到正常的生活越好 |
[07:32] | Keeping busy is the only thing for it. | 让自己忙碌起来是唯一的办法 |
[07:36] | Perhaps you could go this afternoon? | 或许你今天下去就可以去 |
[07:40] | To your apartment. | 去你的公寓 |
[07:43] | I could come with you. | 我可以跟你一起去 |
[07:56] | I meant to clean up while I was waiting for her. | 我等她的时候打算收拾干净的 |
[08:01] | You get what you need. I’ll tidy this up. | 你去拿你要用的东西 我来收拾 |
[08:04] | Just your school things. The rest can wait. | 只拿上学用的 其它的不急 |
[08:35] | Also, basketball practice has been moved to 4:00 on Thursday. | 此外 篮球训练改到周四四点 |
[08:39] | Tickets for next week’s lacrosse final | 下周曲棍球决赛的门票 |
[08:41] | are available in the admissions office. | 可到招生办领取 |
[08:43] | Go Vikings! | 维京队加油 |
[08:48] | – Hey, Tom. – Hey. | -你好 汤姆 -你好 |
[08:52] | I heard and all. | 我都听说了 |
[08:53] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[08:54] | Yeah, tough luck. | 真不走运 |
[08:56] | That really bites. | 太糟糕了 |
[08:57] | The only reason we were at the museum | 我们之所以去博物馆 |
[08:59] | was because my mom was bringing me in to see the principal. | 是因为我妈妈要带我去见校长 |
[09:02] | About the cigarettes. | 烟那件事 |
[09:04] | Yeah. My mom blew up over that shit, too. | 是啊 这件事把我妈妈也气坏了 |
[09:08] | So, uh, I gotta go. | 那 我要走了 |
[09:15] | Later. | 回见 |
[09:20] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[09:21] | – Creep-io! – Loser! | -怪胎 -窝囊废 |
[09:28] | I’m going to go swimming every day. | 我每天都要去游泳 |
[09:31] | You can’t swim by yourself. You’re not allowed. | 你不能自己去游泳 这是不允许的 |
[09:34] | Everyone’s going to swim. | 大家都要去游泳 |
[09:35] | The cure for anything is salt water. | 治愈一切的解药就是海水 |
[09:39] | Greatest gift my father ever gave me was the sea. | 我父亲给我的最大的礼物就是海洋 |
[09:42] | The love for it. | 对海洋的热爱 |
[09:44] | The feel. | 这种感觉 |
[09:46] | What’s he going to do while we’re away? | 我们离开之后他去干什么 |
[09:54] | Who’s the artist I like, Samantha? | 我喜欢的画家叫什么来着 萨曼莎 |
[09:56] | With the grand skies? | 画了壮丽的天空那位 |
[09:58] | Maxfield Parrish. | 马克斯菲尔德·帕里什 |
[09:59] | Maxfield Parrish, that’s the one. | 马克斯菲尔德·帕里什 就是他 |
[10:01] | Great towering clouds. | 高耸的云团 |
[10:03] | When I was a boy on the water, | 我小的时候在水面上 |
[10:05] | skies just like that. Magical. | 天空就是那样的 让人着迷 |
[10:08] | Red and orange sunsets. | 红橙色的日落 |
[10:11] | Arcadian. | 世外桃源 |
[10:18] | Best to leave that to Esperenza, Theo. | 还是留给埃斯佩伦扎吧 西奥 |
[10:20] | She’s used to doing it. | 她习惯了收拾 |
[10:22] | And the same with your dishes. | 你的餐具也一样 |
[10:29] | That is a lovely ring. | 这枚戒指真好看 |
[10:32] | Is it a family thing? | 是家里传下来的吗 |
[10:35] | Your mother’s side? | 你妈妈家族里的 |
[10:37] | Yes. | 是的 |
[10:39] | Lovely. Carnelian. | 真好 玛瑙 |
[10:42] | The intaglio. | 这个图案 |
[10:45] | And the engraving on the inside says, | 里面刻的字是 |
[10:51] | “Blackwell.” | “布莱克威尔” |
[10:57] | You should keep it somewhere safe. | 你应该放在一个更安全的地方 |
[11:07] | I thought these might help. | 我觉得这些可能对你有帮助 |
[11:10] | If you take one at night, | 如果你晚上吃一颗 |
[11:11] | it’ll keep you from feeling scared. | 就不会再害怕了 |
[11:18] | It’s perfectly understandable. | 这很正常 |
[11:21] | We all feel afraid sometimes. | 有时候我们都会感到恐惧 |
[11:30] | We’re just trying to build up a general picture. | 我们只是想建立起事情的概貌 |
[11:32] | Little bits of the puzzle. | 弄清楚一点真相 |
[11:34] | Now, how long would you say you were in the museum | 你们在博物馆里待了多久之后 |
[11:37] | before the first explosion? | 发生了第一次爆炸 |
[11:40] | About an hour. | 大概一小时 |
[11:41] | Look at the map. | 看看这张地图 |
[11:42] | Where were you when it happened? | 出事的时候你在哪 |
[11:44] | Which room were you in? | 你在哪间房间里面 |
[11:46] | The last one before the gift shop. | 礼品店前的最后一间 |
[11:51] | 32. | 32号 |
[11:51] | But your mother wasn’t with you? | 但是你妈妈没和你一起吗 |
[12:08] | No. | 没有 |
[12:12] | She wanted to go back and see a painting again. | 有幅画她想回去再看一下 |
[12:14] | Which painting? | 哪幅画 |
[12:16] | The Anatomy Lesson. | 《解剖学课》 |
[12:18] | It’s a Rembrandt. | 是伦勃朗的画作 |
[12:21] | Why didn’t you go with her? | 你为什么没和她一起去 |
[12:30] | Theo? | 西奥 |
[12:34] | I said I’d meet her in the gift shop. | 我说和她在礼品店碰头 |
[12:41] | What do you remember about the incident? | 关于那起事故你还记得什么 |
[12:46] | Move! Get out! | 快跑 出去 |
[12:47] | Like, did you smell anything before it happened? | 出事之前有没有闻到什么味道 |
[12:49] | I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[12:50] | Did you see anything unusual? | 看到什么不寻常的事了吗 |
[12:53] | I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[12:55] | Anything at all? | 什么都不记得吗 |
[12:58] | Where were you when the blast happened? Here? | 爆炸发生的时候你在哪 在这吗 |
[13:01] | Or here? | 还是这 |
[13:04] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[13:05] | I know all these rooms look alike | 我知道这些房间看着都很像 |
[13:07] | but maybe if you could remember where you were, | 但是也许如果你能记起你在哪 |
[13:10] | we can start to piece this thing together. | 我们就能把整件事拼凑起来了 |
[13:12] | I’m not sure I see the point in putting him through all of this. | 我觉得让他经受这些完全没有意义 |
[13:16] | Theo hit his head. | 西奥撞到了头 |
[13:19] | He has some memory impairment. | 他缺失了一些记忆 |
[13:22] | Nobody seems to have thought to ask if he was hurt or not. | 似乎没人想问问他有没有受伤 |
[13:27] | Is that true? | 是真的吗 |
[13:33] | All right. | 好吧 |
[13:34] | Afterwards, when you came round, | 事发后 你醒过来之后 |
[13:36] | did you see people? | 你看到人了吗 |
[13:38] | Yes. | 看到了 |
[13:39] | What were they doing? | 他们在干什么 |
[13:43] | They were dead. | 他们死了 |
[14:10] | You told Beeman the cigarettes were mine. | 你跟比曼说烟是我的 |
[14:13] | I was just standing next to you! | 我只是站在你旁边罢了 |
[14:15] | Jesus. | 天呐 |
[14:23] | Get up! | 站起来 |
[14:42] | Right. Okay. | 好 行吧 |
[14:46] | Are you absolutely sure you wanna do that? | 你确定要那么做吗 |
[14:49] | Do what? | 做什么 |
[14:51] | Your rook is in danger, | 你的车快保不住了 |
[14:52] | but I would suggest you take a look at your queen. | 但我建议你看看你的后 |
[15:05] | Sorry things are so fucked up. | 抱歉一切变得这么糟 |
[15:10] | She was awfully nice. | 她人真的很好 |
[16:56] | Excuse me, I… | 打扰了 我… |
[17:00] | He told me to bring it here. | 他让我把这个带来这里 |
[17:14] | I’m Hobie. | 我是老霍 |
[17:18] | Come in. | 进来吧 |
[17:50] | Is that him? | 是他吗 |
[17:52] | The man who gave you the ring? | 给你戒指的人 |
[17:55] | Yes. | 是的 |
[17:57] | His name was Welty Blackwell. | 他叫维特·布莱克威尔 |
[17:59] | He was my business partner. | 他是我的生意伙伴 |
[18:03] | Oh, he was the business, really. | 或者说他就是生意 |
[18:06] | Handled the clients and sales. | 客户和销售都是他在负责 |
[18:16] | You… | 你 |
[18:19] | You said he gave it to you? | 你说是他给你的 |
[18:21] | You mean in the gallery? After… | 你是指在画廊吗 在那件事之后 |
[18:28] | I’m glad he wasn’t alone. | 我很高兴他当时不是孤身一人 |
[18:31] | He would’ve hated that. | 他肯定不想那样 |
[18:36] | You’re the boy, aren’t you? | 你就是那个男孩 对吧 |
[18:39] | Whose mother was killed there? | 你的妈妈死在了那里 |
[18:47] | Have you eaten? | 你吃饭了吗 |
[19:01] | You like the family you’re staying with? | 你喜欢现在一起生活的那家人吗 |
[19:05] | The Barbours? | 巴伯一家 |
[19:08] | It was in the papers. | 报上都登了 |
[19:10] | About her taking you in, I mean. | 我是说她收留你的事 |
[19:13] | Orphan’s plight type thing. | 孤儿的困境之类的话题 |
[19:16] | I’ve done some work for her family in the past. | 我以前为她家干过一些活 |
[19:22] | What’s your favorite subject in school? | 你在学校最喜欢哪一科 |
[19:25] | English, I guess. | 语文吧 |
[19:27] | You have a favorite author? | 你有偏爱的作者吗 |
[19:30] | Tolkien. | 托尔金 |
[19:33] | Edgar Allan Poe. | 埃德加·爱伦·坡 |
[19:35] | My dad says he’s second-rate though. | 不过我爸说他只能算二流作家 |
[19:37] | He says he’s the Vincent Price of American letters. | 他说他相当于美国文坛的文森特·普莱斯 |
[19:37] | 美国演员 代表作《剪刀手爱德华》 | |
[19:42] | I don’t think that’s fair though. | 我觉得这么说不太公平 |
[19:43] | No, I don’t either. | 我也觉得 |
[19:47] | And where is he in all this then? | 那他在哪 |
[19:50] | Your father? | 你父亲 |
[19:52] | Oh, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[19:54] | He ditched us. | 他抛弃了我们 |
[19:57] | Good riddance. | 能摆脱他也是好事 |
[19:59] | He could be okay sometimes, I guess. | 他有时候也还行吧 |
[20:03] | He used to be an actor. | 他以前是个演员 |
[20:05] | And when we watched movies, | 我们看电影的时候 |
[20:07] | he used to tell me | 他总会给我讲 |
[20:09] | how they did the special effects and all. | 他们是怎么做特效之类的 |
[20:14] | But he drank. | 但他是个酒鬼 |
[20:17] | Like sometimes when he picked me up from school and… | 有时候他去接我放学 然后… |
[20:24] | Anyway, he’s gone now. | 总之 他现在不在了 |
[20:28] | Well, you’ve pitched up with an interesting family anyway. | 反正你已经找到了一个有趣的家庭 |
[20:41] | Now all that remains is a handful of paintings. | 现在剩下的只有少量画作了 |
[20:46] | The Goldfinch is one of them. | 《金翅雀》就是其中之一 |
[20:49] | It had to live its whole life like that? | 它得那样过一辈子吗 |
[20:52] | Trapped? | 被困在那里 |
[21:01] | Is she here? | 她在吗 |
[21:05] | Pippa? | 皮帕 |
[21:11] | This is Theo. | 这是西奥 |
[21:13] | He wants to say hello. | 他想来打个招呼 |
[21:21] | Not too long, pigeon. | 别聊太久 小鸽子 |
[21:23] | You need to rest. | 你得好好休息 |
[21:30] | I know you. | 我认得你 |
[21:32] | Are we friends? | 我们是朋友吗 |
[21:34] | Sorry. I’ve forgotten things. | 抱歉 我忘了很多事 |
[21:39] | I didn’t remember my room when I came home. | 我刚回家的时候连自己的房间都不认得 |
[21:53] | What’s your favorite piece of music? | 你最喜欢的乐曲是什么 |
[21:56] | Beethoven. | 贝多芬的 |
[21:58] | You look like somebody who listens to Beethoven. | 你看着就像爱听贝多芬的人 |
[22:02] | Is that what you wanna do? | 那是你的梦想吗 |
[22:06] | Be a musician? | 成为一个音乐家 |
[22:15] | I’m not supposed to listen to music, | 我不能听音乐 |
[22:17] | ’cause of my head. | 因为我的头 |
[22:19] | It’s horrible. | 太讨厌了 |
[22:21] | What Beethoven do you like? | 你喜欢贝多芬的哪首曲子 |
[22:23] | I’ve got some Glenn Gould. | 我有几首格伦·古尔德的 |
[22:26] | It’s my favorite. | 是我的最爱 |
[22:31] | It’s medicine. | 这是药 |
[22:33] | I think it’s morphine. | 我觉得是吗啡 |
[22:50] | – You get tired during the day? – Yeah. | -你白天会觉得累吗 -会 |
[22:53] | I didn’t use to. | 我以前不会 |
[22:55] | Me neither. | 我也是 |
[22:57] | Now, I can’t stay awake. | 现在我没法一直保持清醒 |
[23:00] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[23:01] | I know it’s rude, | 我知道这样不礼貌 |
[23:02] | but would you mind if I just close my eyes for a bit? | 但你介意我稍微闭一会眼睛吗 |
[23:07] | You can listen to some music, if you like. | 你愿意的话可以听音乐 |
[24:08] | You like it? | 你喜欢吗 |
[24:16] | John Singleton Copley. | 约翰·辛格顿·科普利 |
[24:20] | A great Colonial portrait painter. | 一位伟大的殖民时期的肖像画家 |
[24:26] | It was my grandmother’s. | 这是我祖母的 |
[24:32] | She loved it, too. | 她生前也很喜欢 |
[24:35] | Is this option two or three? | 是二还是三 |
[24:38] | – Three. – Okay. | -三 -好的 |
[24:40] | And now, how about if this is choice five? | 现在呢 是五 |
[24:43] | Or choice six? | 还是六 |
[24:45] | Six. | 六 |
[26:11] | Why can’t she listen to music? | 她为什么不能听音乐 |
[26:16] | She can, sometimes. | 有时候可以的 |
[26:19] | It just tends to upset her. | 只是听音乐容易让她难过 |
[26:23] | She thinks she has to practice, | 她觉得她得练习 |
[26:25] | prepare a piece for school. | 为学校的演出做准备 |
[26:27] | They say that she could play on some | 他们说她早晚能达到 |
[26:32] | amateur level one day, | 业余水平 |
[26:34] | but so many changes. | 但变数太多了 |
[26:42] | Her aunt is taking her to Texas. | 她姑妈要带她去德克萨斯 |
[26:48] | I thought she lived here. | 我以为她住在这里 |
[26:50] | Well, she did. | 以前确实是 |
[26:55] | Welty was her uncle | 维特是她舅舅 |
[26:59] | and her legal guardian, after her mother died. | 她母亲去世后 他就是她的法定监护人 |
[27:02] | But now, Margaret is Pippa’s nearest relative. | 但现在 玛格丽特是皮帕最亲的亲人了 |
[27:09] | Blood, anyway. | 论血缘关系的话 |
[27:12] | And she thinks she’d be better off with her. | 她觉得她最好跟她一起生活 |
[27:18] | What’s she like? | 她是个什么样的人 |
[27:19] | She seemed nice, I guess. | 她看起来还不错吧 |
[27:22] | She said she’s got horses and a swimming pool. | 她说她养了马 家里还有游泳池 |
[27:25] | I don’t ride. | 我不骑马 |
[27:28] | Do you? | 你呢 |
[27:30] | No. | 不骑 |
[27:33] | My mom did. | 我妈会骑马 |
[27:34] | She used to have horses growing up in Kansas. | 她小时候在堪萨斯时家里有马 |
[27:37] | There was this one, used to get so lonely, | 其中有一匹经常很孤单 |
[27:41] | he would come and put his head through the window | 它会跑过来把头伸进窗户里 |
[27:44] | just to see what was going on. | 就想看看里面发生了什么 |
[27:48] | Is your mother dead too? | 你妈妈也去世了吗 |
[27:53] | Yes. | 是的 |
[27:56] | Did yours get sick? | 她病了吗 |
[27:58] | No. | 不 |
[28:01] | Will you stay with the family you’re with? | 你会继续跟现在那家人在一起吗 |
[28:03] | No. | 不 |
[28:05] | They’re all going away for the summer. | 他们这个夏天要出门度假 |
[28:09] | Then what? | 然后呢 |
[28:12] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[28:18] | I wish you weren’t going. | 真希望你不走 |
[28:28] | Do you remember seeing me? | 你记得见过我吗 |
[28:32] | When? | 什么时候 |
[28:35] | Right before. | 之前 |
[28:37] | I remember you. | 我记得你 |
[28:40] | I was there. | 我当时在那里 |
[28:47] | I was there. | 我在那里 |
[28:49] | You should get some rest, pigeon. | 你该休息了 小鸽子 |
[28:52] | And I, uh… I told Theo I’d show him the workshop. | 我跟西奥说好了要带他看工作间 |
[29:16] | You like old things. | 你喜欢古老的东西 |
[29:20] | Must be interesting for you at the Barbours’ then. | 那你住在巴伯家一定觉得很有意思了 |
[29:23] | The Chippendale? Queen Anne? | 齐本德尔式家具 安妮女王式家具 |
[29:29] | It’s nicer here. You can see how they’re made. | 这里更好 可以看到它们是怎么制作出来的 |
[29:33] | At the Barbours’, they all kind of | 在巴伯家 那些东西都有点… |
[29:35] | look like stuffed animals. | 像动物标本 |
[29:41] | You can help me sort through these cherrywood veneers. | 你可以帮我挑选这些樱桃木饰面 |
[29:46] | Looking to match the case for this clock here. | 我要找能跟这个钟盒相匹配的 |
[30:04] | Theo, you remember Platt. | 西奥 你还记得普拉特吧 |
[30:12] | Who do I have to blow | 我得给谁吹箫 |
[30:13] | to get a cup of coffee around this place? | 才能换来一杯咖啡 |
[30:17] | Go back to your room. | 回你的房间去 |
[30:18] | Chance, just… | 钱斯… |
[30:19] | No. Not this time. Go back to your room. | 不 这次不行 滚回你的房间去 |
[30:23] | Now! | 赶紧的 |
[30:33] | Something happened at school. | 学校里出了点事 |
[30:35] | Something bad. | 很糟的事 |
[30:36] | Has he been expelled? | 他被开除了吗 |
[30:37] | No one will talk about it. | 没人肯说 |
[30:41] | Mother loves Platt the best. | 妈妈最爱普拉特 |
[30:43] | Daddy loves Kitsey best. | 爸爸最爱凯茨 |
[30:47] | Mother loves Platt. | 妈妈爱普拉特 |
[30:52] | She loves Toddy a lot, too. | 她也很爱托迪 |
[31:39] | I can’t tell. | 我看不出来 |
[31:42] | Well, one way is to check the wear. | 一种方法是检查磨损情况 |
[31:47] | If it’s too even, like here, then it’s reproduction. | 如果太均匀 就像这里 那就是复制品 |
[31:55] | Antiques always wear asymmetrically. | 古董的磨损情况总是不对称的 |
[32:03] | Another thing, here, this. | 还有一点 这里 |
[32:08] | It’s machine-cut. | 这是机械切削的 |
[32:11] | You feel it? | 能感觉到吗 |
[32:16] | But here, | 但这边 |
[32:19] | hand-planed. | 这是手工刨的 |
[32:27] | So this one is fake. | 所以这个是假的 |
[32:29] | Well, no. | 不 |
[32:30] | It’s only fake if you try to pass it off as an original. | 只有当你想用它冒充真品时才能算假 |
[32:33] | This is a reproduction and not a very good one. | 这只是个复制品 而且复制得不算太好 |
[32:38] | There are things you can do to help the reimagining. | 有些东西可以帮助重塑 |
[32:40] | Period wood, acid, gold size, lampblack. | 相应时代的木头 酸 贴金漆 碳烟 |
[32:45] | You can rust old nails in salt water. | 可以把旧钉子泡在盐水里让它生锈 |
[32:52] | You’ll get a feel for it. | 你会感觉到的 |
[32:54] | The new one’s flat. It’s dead. | 新的太平滑了 没有灵魂 |
[32:59] | But this one… | 但这个… |
[33:04] | That glow. | 这个闪闪发光 |
[33:06] | That’s hundreds of years of being touched, used. | 这是数百年被人抚摸和使用的结果 |
[33:13] | That’s life. | 这是生命 |
[33:36] | What do you know about Texas? | 你对德克萨斯有什么了解 |
[33:38] | You can’t walk anywhere | 去哪都不能走着去 |
[33:40] | and they have the death penalty. | 他们还有死刑 |
[33:43] | But it’ll be better for her there. | 不过她去那边更好 |
[33:46] | The climate is good for convalescents. | 那里的气候对她的康复有好处 |
[33:49] | She should go to the planetarium. | 她应该去天文馆看看 |
[33:50] | Although it’s inferior to the Hayden. | 不过肯定比不上海顿天文馆 |
[33:56] | Do you wanna go get a burger? | 你想去吃汉堡吗 |
[33:58] | I thought you were watching your weight, | 你还以为你在控制体重 |
[34:00] | so you’d fit into your prom dress. | 以免穿不下舞会礼服呢 |
[34:08] | Well, I’ve been making a corsage for your dress | 我一直在为你的礼服制作胸花 |
[34:10] | and it goes a little something like this! | 长这个样子 |
[34:20] | Theo… | 西奥 |
[34:21] | I have a proposal for you. | 我有一个提议 |
[34:24] | Would you like to come to Maine with us this year? | 你愿意今年和我们一起去缅因吗 |
[34:26] | Yes! Please! That would be… | 好啊 拜托了 那就太… |
[34:30] | Yes, please. | 我愿意 |
[34:32] | Good. We’ll see how you like sailing. | 很好 到时看看你喜不喜欢划帆船 |
[34:36] | You think it’s going to be fun, but you’ll hate it. | 你以为会很有趣 但你不会喜欢的 |
[34:40] | How come they decided to ask me? | 他们怎么决定邀请我一起去了 |
[34:42] | Don’t be a dunce. | 别傻了 |
[34:44] | They’ve grown quite fond of you. | 他们现在可喜欢你了 |
[34:46] | I think they might make | 我觉得他们可能 |
[34:47] | a family announcement in Maine. | 会在缅因宣布一件事 |
[34:49] | Announcement? | 宣布什么 |
[34:51] | I think they might wanna keep ya. | 他们可能想要留下你 |
[34:55] | Andy says we’ll be sick. | 安迪说我们会晕船的 |
[34:57] | He has to carry a baggie on board just to throw up in. | 他得带个塑料袋上船 方便呕吐 |
[35:02] | I’m afraid I’m the same way. | 恐怕我也一样 |
[35:04] | You might just discover you wanna be a sailor | 这次旅行也许会让你搞清楚自己是想成为水手 |
[35:07] | or a marine biologist. | 还是海洋生物学家 |
[35:12] | You never know what’s going to decide your future. | 你永远不会知道什么会决定你的未来 |
[35:28] | I got deck shoes, like you said. | 我按你说的带了平底帆布鞋 |
[35:30] | And I got a sweater. | 还带了毛衣 |
[35:32] | Theo… | 西奥 |
[35:34] | I have a surprise for you. | 我有个惊喜给你 |
[35:46] | Hey, buddy. | 孩子 |
[35:48] | Long time no see. | 好久不见 |
[35:50] | Hi. | 你好 |
[35:52] | I’m Xandra. With an “X.” | 我是桑德拉 桑树的桑 |
[35:56] | So we just got into LaGuardia about two hours ago. | 我们大概两小时前才到拉瓜迪亚机场 |
[35:59] | I’m out in Las Vegas now and, uh… | 我现在住在拉斯维加斯 |
[36:01] | Well, things are pretty different for me. | 境况大不相同了 |
[36:17] | Son, we’re straight off the plane. | 儿子 我们刚下飞机 |
[36:18] | And, uh, well, we wanted to see you | 当然 我们想直接 |
[36:20] | straight away, of course, | 来看你 |
[36:21] | but also need the key to the apartment. | 但还需要公寓的钥匙 |
[36:24] | Yeah, we couldn’t get in there. We tried already. | 我们进不去 已经试过了 |
[36:26] | Yeah, I’m here to start taking care of stuff. | 我是来准备处理一些事务的 |
[36:28] | You should be proud of your pops. | 你应该为你爸爸感到骄傲 |
[36:30] | Fifty-one days sober. | 他已经戒酒51天了 |
[36:33] | Did it all on his own. | 全靠他自己的努力 |
[36:34] | Detoxed on the sofa, | 在沙发上排毒 |
[36:35] | basket of Easter candy and Valium. | 吃了一篮的复活节糖果和安定 |
[36:38] | Because I couldn’t take it. | 因为我受不了他喝酒 |
[36:40] | My mom’s the kind of lush | 我妈就是个醉鬼 |
[36:41] | who would throw up in her own glass | 会吐在自己的酒杯里 |
[36:42] | and then drink it anyway. | 然后喝下去 |
[36:44] | I guess I should have called, but… | 我应该先打电话来的 但是 |
[36:46] | Well, I figured it was easier just to come and get you. | 我觉得直接来接你更方便 |
[36:51] | Get me? | 接我 |
[36:58] | You got a nice little place here. | 你的房子不错啊 |
[37:00] | No, it’s more hers than mine. | 不 是她的房子 不是我的 |
[37:08] | What do you got there? | 你手上是什么 |
[37:13] | A picture. | 一张照片 |
[37:14] | No, I told ya. Don’t haul a lot of junk, all right? | 不 我和你说过了 别带太多没用的东西 |
[37:17] | You know, the movers will bring most of it. | 搬家的人会带走大部分的 |
[37:23] | You know, your mother wasn’t so easy to get along with. | 你妈妈不是个好相处的人 |
[37:28] | But there’s two sides to every marriage, you know? | 但婚姻都有两面性 |
[37:32] | And she sure could hold a grudge. | 而她太会记仇了 |
[37:41] | But God knows she didn’t deserve… | 但这确实不是她应得的 |
[37:48] | “Desert End Road.” | “沙漠末路” |
[37:52] | It’s like you’re moving to some mining colony on Jupiter. | 你就像是要搬去木星上的什么殖民地矿区了 |
[37:55] | I wonder if your school will be | 我好奇你的学校 |
[37:56] | one those places you read about | 是不是书里描述的那种 |
[37:58] | with gangs, metal detectors. | 帮派横行 配有金属探测器的 |
[38:09] | Okay. We’re off. | 好了 我们要走了 |
[38:11] | Have a good trip, all of you. | 祝你们都一路顺风 |
[38:20] | Goodbye, Theo. | 再见 西奥 |
[38:26] | You were an awfully good guest. | 你是个很棒的客人 |
[39:20] | Hey, wake up, buddy. | 醒醒 孩子 |
[39:22] | Come on, you’re holding up the line. | 快点 你堵住后面的人了 |
[39:23] | Jeez, he’s as white as a sheet. | 天呐 他脸色好苍白 |
[39:27] | Why don’t you give him one of those? You know? | 要不给他吃点 你懂的 |
[39:39] | Here, this’ll help. | 给 吃了有用的 |
[39:47] | Shoes. | 鞋 |
[40:54] | What is that? | 什么声音 |
[40:56] | That’s her dog. | 是她的狗 |
[40:57] | Popper, you get back here. | 波普尔 回来 |
[40:59] | He stayed by himself? | 它自己待在家吗 |
[41:00] | Come here! | 过来 |
[41:01] | He’s got a water fountain. | 它有自助饮水机 |
[41:03] | Grab these other bags, will you? | 拿上剩下的包 好吗 |
[41:06] | Pop! Would you… Larry, get the dog. | 波普 你…拉里 把狗带回来 |
[41:08] | Popper! | 波普尔 |
[41:11] | Jesus, Xan, he’s shit all over the floor! | 我的天 桑 地上都是它的屎 |
[41:14] | You don’t think I can see that, Larry? | 我又不是瞎子 拉里 |
[41:17] | Popper, come here. | 波普尔 过来 |
[41:19] | Damn it, I stepped in it. | 该死 我踩到屎了 |
[42:21] | I thought he’d stopped? | 他不是戒了吗 |
[42:27] | That’s just a beer. | 啤酒而已 |
[42:29] | He doesn’t touch the hard stuff anymore. | 他再也不喝烈酒了 |
[42:34] | Take the trash out, will you? | 把垃圾扔出去 好吗 |
[42:37] | Where does it go? | 扔到哪 |
[42:39] | There’s a house down the street | 街上有栋房子 |
[42:40] | with a dumpster outside. Just stick it in there. | 外面有个垃圾桶 扔到那就行 |
[42:43] | Won’t they mind? | 他们不介意吗 |
[42:45] | Who? | 谁 |
[42:47] | We’re the only ones here. | 这里只有我们 |
[44:01] | I wear bespoke suits. | 我穿定制西装 |
[44:05] | I swim twice a week. | 我一周游两次泳 |
[44:09] | I socialize with people I can’t stand. | 我与我忍受不了的人打交道 |
[44:13] | I’m relaxed… | 我轻松自在 |
[44:16] | personable. | 风度翩翩 |
[44:19] | I don’t indulge in self-pity. | 我不会沉溺于自哀自怜 |
[44:22] | It’s true what I read. | 我读到的没错 |
[44:25] | We’re so accustomed | 我们太习惯于 |
[44:26] | to disguise ourselves to others, | 在别人面前伪装自己 |
[44:30] | that in the end, | 以至于最终 |
[44:32] | we become disguised to ourselves. | 我们也会在自己面前伪装自己 |
[44:42] | Warmer. | 接近了 |
[44:46] | Warmer. | 接近了 |
[44:49] | Warmer. | 接近了 |
[44:55] | – Yes. – Really? | -猜对了 -真的吗 |
[44:58] | No, but it’s so beautiful. | 不 但这个这么精美 |
[45:00] | How would you know? | 你是怎么知道的 |
[45:02] | Most people wouldn’t. | 大多数人都不知道 |
[45:04] | I’ve seen pieces he’s worked on | 我见过一些他的作品 |
[45:05] | that I could’ve sworn were completely genuine. | 简直能以假乱真 |
[45:10] | This is genuine Connecticut Queen Anne. | 这是货真价实的康涅狄格安妮女王式家具 |
[45:12] | But the pediment and the legs were damaged, | 但三角饰与柜腿损坏了 |
[45:16] | so the finials and the legs | 所以尖顶饰与柜腿 |
[45:19] | were salvaged from a different piece. | 是从别的家具上移植来的 |
[45:24] | What? These? | 什么 这些吗 |
[45:31] | You feel that? | 感觉到了吗 |
[45:32] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[45:37] | And… | 还有 |
[45:40] | here. | 这里 |
[45:42] | You feel that? | 感觉到了吗 |
[45:44] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. | 感觉到了 |
[45:47] | What are we looking at? | 在看什么呢 |
[45:49] | Come and see what Hobie made, Everett. | 来看看老霍的作品 埃弗雷特 |
[45:51] | I didn’t make it. | 不是我做的 |
[45:52] | I just patched the poor thing up. | 我只是把坏了的东西修好了 |
[45:55] | Not worth much now, of course, | 当然 现在不怎么值钱了 |
[45:56] | but maybe we can find a home for it. | 但或许我们可以帮它找到一个新家 |
[45:58] | What do you think, Pip? Shall we take it? | 你觉得如何 皮帕 要买下来吗 |
[46:01] | It’s bigger than our bedroom. | 它比我们的卧室都大 |
[46:04] | I’m gonna take these two to lunch | 我要带着他们俩去吃午餐 |
[46:06] | and then on to the airport. | 然后送他们去机场 |
[46:07] | What? Can’t you come with us? | 什么 你不一起来吗 |
[46:11] | No, no, I can’t. I have a client meeting, so… | 不了 我去不了 我还有客户要见 |
[46:14] | You’re such a businessman these days. | 你现在成商务人士了 |
[46:16] | Well, one of us has to be. | 我们俩总得有一个负责生意 |
[46:19] | All right, let’s go. | 好了 走吧 |
[46:20] | Yes. Well, it was so lovely to see you again. | 好的 再次见到你真高兴 |
[46:25] | It was great to finally meet you, Theo. | 很高兴终于见到你了 西奥 |
[46:28] | If you’re ever in London, come and stay with us. | 你要是来伦敦的话 来找我们玩 |
[46:30] | She was exaggerating about the size of the flat, sort of. | 她刚才说我们的公寓小是夸张了 算是吧 |
[46:50] | I can recommend the poularde. | 我推荐肥育母鸡 |
[46:53] | That’s fine. Thank you. | 就要它吧 谢谢 |
[46:55] | – Thank you. – Very good, sir. | -谢谢 -不客气 先生 |
[46:57] | This is a pleasant surprise, Mr. Reeve. | 见到你真是个惊喜 里夫先生 |
[46:59] | Lucius, please. | 叫我卢修斯就好 |
[47:01] | Are you looking for another piece to buy? | 你还要再买一件吗 |
[47:03] | I want to talk about the piece you’ve already sold me. | 我想谈谈你已经卖给我的那件 |
[47:06] | The Affleck? | 阿弗莱克式吗 |
[47:08] | – It is beautiful, isn’t it? – Yes. | -很精美 是吧 -是的 |
[47:10] | Except that it isn’t, is it? | 但它是赝品 对吧 |
[47:13] | Thomas Affleck, I mean. | 托马斯·阿弗莱克式 |
[47:14] | The phoenix ornament is. I’m fairly certain about that. | 凤凰装饰是真的 我很确定 |
[47:18] | But the rest of the chest is not. | 但柜子的其余部分并不是 |
[47:23] | Antique but unremarkable. | 是古董 但平平无奇 |
[47:27] | Mr. Reeve, I can assure you | 里夫先生 我可以向你保证 |
[47:30] | that if there’s been a mistake… | 如果有什么问题 |
[47:31] | But there has been, Mr. Decker. | 但确实有问题 德克尔先生 |
[47:33] | You sold a fake to someone who can tell the difference. | 你把赝品卖给了一位行家 |
[47:38] | To be honest, | 说实话 |
[47:40] | I am still quite new at all this | 我在这一行还是新手 |
[47:42] | and I am certainly not an expert | 我肯定不是 |
[47:45] | at Philadelphia Chippendale. | 费城切宾代尔式家具的行家 |
[47:48] | Here’s the problem. | 问题是这样的 |
[47:50] | I know exactly who put | 我知道是谁 |
[47:52] | the little Frankenstein’s monster together | 把你卖给我这个赝品 |
[47:54] | that you sold me. Your partner. | 拼凑起来的 你的合伙人 |
[47:56] | My partner had nothing to do with this. | 我的合伙人和这事无关 |
[47:58] | Oh, I think he did. | 我觉得有关 |
[47:59] | I’ve seen his handiwork before. | 我之前见识过他的手艺 |
[48:01] | “Changelings.” | “调换儿” |
[48:04] | That’s what he calls ’em, isn’t it? | 他这么称呼这些东西 对吧 |
[48:06] | A pair of finials from here, a set of legs from there. | 这边找对尖顶饰 那边找套柜腿 |
[48:10] | Just enough of a genuinely collectable piece | 就足以凑成一件值得收藏”真品” |
[48:12] | to fool the buyer, and voila. | 来糊弄买家 大功告成 |
[48:14] | I’m happy to buy the piece back from you, Mr. Reeve. | 我很乐意重新买回来 里夫先生 |
[48:18] | At a premium. | 出高价 |
[48:20] | I don’t see what else I… | 我不知道我还能… |
[48:21] | – I know you. – What? | -我了解你 -什么 |
[48:23] | I’ve been in this business for a long time. | 我做这行很久了 |
[48:26] | We all know poor Hobie was going under, | 我们都知道可怜的老霍要破产了 |
[48:29] | swimming in debt. | 债务缠身 |
[48:30] | Then along you come, the wunderkind. | 然后你这个神童来了 |
[48:34] | The knowledgeable, charming young salesman. | 知识渊博而魅力十足的年轻销售员 |
[48:37] | Suddenly the business is thriving. | 生意突然就开始蒸蒸日上 |
[48:40] | But I know you, Mr. Decker. | 但我了解你 德克尔先生 |
[48:47] | I know all about you. | 我对你了如指掌 |
[48:55] | Theo? | 西奥 |
[48:59] | It’s Platt. | 我是普拉特 |
[49:02] | Platt Barbour. | 普拉特·巴伯 |
[49:03] | Platt. Good Lord. | 普拉特 我的天 |
[49:06] | Long time. How are you? | 好久不见 你好吗 |
[49:09] | How’s Andy? | 安迪还好吗 |
[49:13] | You know how Daddy had… | 你知道爸爸原来有 |
[49:15] | They used to call it “Problems with his nerves.” | 大家过去说他”精神有毛病” |
[49:19] | Bipolar. | 躁郁症 |
[49:21] | I didn’t know. | 我不知道 |
[49:23] | He was always very kind with me. | 他总是对我很和善 |
[49:25] | Yeah. | 是 |
[49:26] | A few years back, he came off his medication. | 几年前 他停药了 |
[49:33] | You know how he loved sailing. | 你知道他特别喜欢划帆船 |
[49:36] | He decided to go out off the Northeast Harbor. | 他当时打算从东北港出海 |
[49:39] | I went with him. | 我和他一起去的 |
[49:41] | Andy came too, | 安迪也去了 |
[49:42] | just in case Daddy got storm giddy, you know? | 以防爸爸晕船 |
[49:47] | Of course, Andy didn’t wanna go. | 当然 安迪不想去 |
[49:50] | He always hated the water. | 他一向讨厌水 |
[49:52] | Anyway, the wind blew up | 总之 当时起了风 |
[49:54] | and we were trying to reef the mainsail | 我们试着收起主帆 |
[49:59] | and Daddy started just… | 然后爸爸开始 |
[50:02] | shouting all this poetic bullshit. | 大声读诗什么的 |
[50:06] | Next thing, he’s overboard | 然后他就掉进海里了 |
[50:08] | and we’re trying to haul him back in. | 我们想把他救上来 |
[50:11] | And we get broadsided. | 然后船被撞了 |
[50:15] | This big wave just… | 来了一波大浪 |
[50:23] | And they both went. | 他们都被卷走了 |
[50:31] | Andy hadn’t tied his jacket on properly. | 安迪没有系好他的救生衣 |
[50:37] | He’s always such a fucking klutz. | 他总是笨手笨脚的 |
[50:45] | God, Platt. | 天呐 普拉特 |
[50:53] | Do something for me? | 帮我个忙好吗 |
[51:38] | She’s back here. | 她在这里 |
[51:42] | We’re very informal now. | 我们现在不讲究那么多了 |
[51:50] | Mom? I’ve got a guest for you. | 妈妈 我给你带来了一位客人 |
[52:04] | Mrs. Barbour? | 巴伯夫人 |
[52:12] | Theo. | 西奥 |
[52:18] | I can’t believe it. | 难以置信 |
[52:22] | So handsome. | 真英俊 |
[52:24] | Isn’t he, Platt? | 是不是 普拉特 |
[52:27] | Yeah. | 是 |
[52:29] | Now, you must tell me, | 快告诉我 |
[52:33] | what have you been doing with your life? | 你现在是做什么的 |
[52:36] | Dealing antiques. | 做古董交易 |
[52:39] | Antiques. How marvelous, Theo. | 古董 真好 西奥 |
[52:43] | American furniture mostly. | 主要是美国家具 |
[52:45] | You should come by. | 你应该来看看的 |
[52:47] | You know how I love old things. | 你知道我特别喜欢旧东西 |
[52:50] | When you were a child, I used to catch you | 你小时候 我经常看到 |
[52:51] | studying my paintings. | 你在研究我的画 |
[52:53] | You’d always go straight to the very best ones. | 你总是直接选中最好的画 |
[52:55] | The Peale, the Lane, the Copley. | 皮尔的 雷恩的 科普利的画 |
[52:58] | I used to think, “Oh! A kindred spirit.” | 我那时想 “同道中人” |
[53:05] | Mrs. Barbour… | 巴伯夫人 |
[53:07] | I didn’t know about Andy. | 我不知道安迪的事 |
[53:09] | I can’t believe it. | 我不敢相信 |
[53:11] | I am so sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[53:16] | I don’t need to tell you about loss. | 用不着说我们多么悲痛 |
[53:23] | You were always such a good friend to him. | 你总是和他很要好 |
[53:27] | Thick as thieves, the pair of you. | 你们俩亲密无间 |
[53:31] | Your funny little games. | 玩你们有趣的小游戏 |
[53:34] | So, | 那么 |
[53:35] | do you see any of your old school crowd? | 你还和哪个老同学有联系吗 |
[53:38] | No, not really. | 没 不太联系了 |
[53:40] | I see a little bit of Tom Cable, now and then. | 我时不时会见到汤姆·凯波 |
[53:44] | Really? | 是吗 |
[53:46] | Sees my sister, | 也时不时见到 |
[53:48] | on occasion. | 我妹妹 |
[53:49] | Don’t exaggerate, platypus. | 别夸大其词 鸭嘴兽 |
[53:52] | I ran into him a couple of times. | 我就是碰见他几次 |
[53:56] | So you really are here. | 你真的来了 |
[53:58] | I didn’t believe it when Platt rang to say you were visiting. | 普拉特打电话说你过来时 我还不相信 |
[54:01] | It’s great to see you, Theo. | 见到你很高兴 西奥 |
[54:03] | I’m sorry, this is just so weird. | 抱歉 感觉太怪了 |
[54:07] | You must have been seven or eight | 我上次见你时 |
[54:08] | the last time I saw you. | 你才七八岁 |
[54:09] | A long time ago. | 很久之前了 |
[54:11] | I’m so glad you came back to us. | 很高兴你回到我们身边了 |
[54:16] | Just like old times. | 就像以前一样 |
[54:23] | The lowboy goes all the way back to Salem. | 矮屉柜可以一路追溯到塞勒姆 |
[54:27] | 1760s. | 18世纪60年代 |
[54:29] | My grandmother’s house, I remember, | 我记得是我祖母的房子 |
[54:31] | when I was a child, | 那时我还小 |
[54:33] | oh, would take my breath away. | 令我屏息凝神 |
[54:38] | You know, I’m amazed you came back to us. | 你能回来我很惊喜 |
[54:41] | I always thought you’d hate us. | 我一直以为你讨厌我们 |
[54:44] | We were so horrible to you, Toddy and I. | 托迪和我对你那么差劲 |
[54:47] | You were only little. | 你们那时还小 |
[54:48] | I know. | 我知道 |
[54:52] | And look at us now. | 现在看看我们 |
[54:55] | Almost exactly like people. | 都人模人样了 |
[55:01] | Well, if we’re forgiven, make sure you come back again. | 要是你原谅了我们 一定要再来 |
[56:01] | Dear Pippa… | 亲爱的皮帕 |
[56:03] | 亲爱的皮帕 你还好吗 | |
[56:03] | How are you? | 你还好吗 |
[56:06] | I’ve been thinking about you. | 我最近一直在想你 |
[56:10] | I hope things are wonderful for you in Texas. | 我希望你在德克萨斯过得开心 |
[56:17] | I have to say… | 不得不说 |
[56:19] | I sort of hate it here. | 我有点讨厌这里 |
[56:28] | Do you remember your mother? | 你还记得你妈妈吗 |
[56:32] | Yes. | 记得 |
[56:35] | What do you remember? | 你还记得多少 |
[56:40] | She had dark hair | 她头发是深色的 |
[56:43] | and she was really pretty. | 而且她很漂亮 |
[56:49] | She laughed a lot. | 她很爱笑 |
[56:53] | And she liked galleries. | 她喜欢画廊 |
[56:58] | Is that why you were there? | 所以你们当时才在那里吗 |
[57:06] | Do you remember seeing me? | 你还记得当时看到了我吗 |
[57:13] | “However mean your life is, | “无论你的生活多么艰难” |
[57:16] | meet it and live it. | “都要好好面对” |
[57:19] | It is not so bad as you are. | “它没有你那么糟糕” |
[57:24] | Love your life, poor as it is.” | “尽管贫穷 仍要热爱你的生活” |
[57:30] | And what do we think about | 你们对 |
[57:30] | Thoreau’s anti-commerce stance? | 梭罗的反商业诗句怎么看 |
[57:32] | I think it’s stupid. | 我觉得很蠢 |
[57:35] | I mean, if everybody | 如果所有人都 |
[57:36] | just dropped out and moped around in the woods, | 归隐世外 悠游林间 |
[57:38] | what kind of society would we have? | 那这个社会会变成什么样 |
[57:40] | It’s irresponsible. | 那是不负责任 |
[57:41] | Right. If it was just people like him, | 对 如果人人都像他那样 |
[57:43] | we wouldn’t have stores, or television, or roads. | 就没有商店 电视 公路了 |
[57:49] | Twat. | 蠢货 |
[57:50] | Right. | 对 |
[57:52] | But he might be arguing the opposite of that. | 但他也许有相反的看法 |
[57:55] | Does anyone have a differing opinion? | 还有谁有不同见解吗 |
[58:11] | Harry Potter. | 哈利·波特 |
[58:14] | Fuck you. | 去你的 |
[58:25] | Where’s your snowboard? | 你的滑雪板呢 |
[58:28] | Your T-shirt. | 你的T恤 |
[58:30] | There’s not much boarding in the desert. | 在沙漠里可没法滑雪 |
[58:33] | No. I don’t know how to snowboard. | 不 我不会滑雪 |
[58:36] | I just hate the sun. | 我只是讨厌太阳 |
[58:56] | Theo. | 西奥 |
[58:58] | Boris. | 鲍里斯 |
[59:02] | Where are you from? | 你从哪里来的 |
[59:04] | Russia, Australia, Poland, | 俄罗斯 澳大利亚 波兰 |
[59:08] | New Zealand, Texas, Alaska, Canada. | 新西兰 德克萨斯 阿拉斯加 加拿大 |
[59:14] | Sweden. | 瑞典 |
[59:16] | Originally from Ukraine. | 最开始是乌克兰 |
[59:20] | – Jesus. – Yeah, we travel. | -天呐 -我们经常旅行 |
[59:22] | My father digs mines. | 我爸是挖矿的 |
[59:24] | People hate us everywhere we go | 我们去哪里都遭人讨厌 |
[59:26] | because the company promise | 因为公司承诺 |
[59:27] | they won’t fuck up the environment, | 他们不会破坏环境 |
[59:29] | then they fuck up the environment. | 结果还是破坏了环境 |
[59:33] | But I figure here who cares? | 但我猜这里没人在乎 |
[59:38] | – You want to get drink? – What? | -你想喝点吗 -什么 |
[59:40] | Drink. I have beer at my house. | 喝点 我家里有啤酒 |
[59:44] | Okay. | 行 |
[59:49] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[59:51] | Told you. | 告诉过你了 |
[59:53] | Hate the sun. | 讨厌太阳 |
[1:00:36] | Do you have any neighbors? | 你有邻居吗 |
[1:00:39] | All the houses around mine are empty. | 我家周围的房子都是空的 |
[1:00:42] | Same. | 一样 |
[1:00:44] | They built this shit way too far out. | 他们把这个地方修太远了 |
[1:00:47] | Now desert is reclaiming. | 现在沙漠又卷土重来了 |
[1:00:51] | Desert and the banks. | 沙漠和银行 |
[1:00:55] | You want vodka? | 你想喝伏特加吗 |
[1:00:57] | No, thanks. | 不 谢谢 |
[1:00:59] | My dad drinks it all the time. | 我爸成天喝 |
[1:01:01] | So much, he can’t feel his feet. | 喝得都感觉不到自己的脚了 |
[1:01:03] | Literally. It’s got a name. | 真的 有个专门的叫法 |
[1:01:08] | Well, my… | 我 |
[1:01:09] | My dad says he’s stopped drinking. | 我爸说他不喝了 |
[1:01:14] | Sure. | 行吧 |
[1:01:17] | You want food? | 你想要吃的吗 |
[1:01:19] | I’ve got bread, sugar. | 我有面包 糖 |
[1:01:24] | No, thanks. | 不用 谢谢 |
[1:01:30] | Is there anyone here? | 这里还有其他人吗 |
[1:01:33] | No. | 没 |
[1:01:34] | My dad won’t be back tonight. | 我爸今晚不回来 |
[1:01:40] | It’s just the two of you? | 只有你们俩住 |
[1:01:42] | Yes. My mother is dead. | 对 我妈死了 |
[1:01:47] | Mine, too. | 我也一样 |
[1:01:49] | Mine was alkie. | 我妈死于酒精 |
[1:01:50] | Got drunk and fell out of window. | 喝多了从窗户掉下去了 |
[1:01:57] | Mine got killed in a bombing. | 我妈死于爆炸 |
[1:02:06] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[1:02:09] | Life, eh? | 生活啊 对吧 |
[1:03:02] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[1:03:04] | Vitamins. | 维生素 |
[1:03:05] | Xandra said she got them from this bodybuilder guy. | 桑德拉说是从一个搞健身的人那弄到的 |
[1:03:09] | Vitamins? | 维生素 |
[1:03:10] | That’s not “V” For vitamin, Potter. | 这可不是维生素的”维” 波特 |
[1:03:13] | It’s Vicodin. Can get you high. | 是维柯丁 让人飘飘欲仙 |
[1:03:23] | You think she sells? | 你觉得她卖这个吗 |
[1:03:28] | Her? No. | 她 不 |
[1:03:30] | She manages a bar on the Strip. | 她在街上经营酒吧 |
[1:03:33] | Then she can’t be selling drugs. | 那她不可能贩毒 |
[1:03:36] | I thought you were from New York? | 你不是说自己是纽约人吗 |
[1:03:42] | God, she’s hot. | 天啊 她真性感 |
[1:03:46] | Would you mind? | 你介意吗 |
[1:03:48] | If me and her… | 要是我和她… |
[1:03:51] | You don’t like her? | 你不喜欢她 |
[1:03:53] | No. | 对 |
[1:03:55] | I think my dad was seeing her when my mom was still alive. | 我觉得我爸在我妈还活着时就和她好上了 |
[1:03:59] | He used to say he was going on all these work trips, | 他以前总说他是出差 |
[1:04:01] | but I think he was coming here. | 但我觉得他是来这里 |
[1:04:04] | So? | 所以呢 |
[1:04:05] | That’s on him. | 那是他的错 |
[1:04:07] | Don’t blame her. | 别怪她 |
[1:04:09] | Or the little dog here. What’s he called? | 也别怪这小狗 它叫什么 |
[1:04:12] | Popper. | 波普尔 |
[1:04:15] | What are you… | 你要做什… |
[1:04:22] | Good boy. | 乖狗狗 |
[1:04:24] | That cost $20. | 二十美元就这么没了 |
[1:04:26] | It would’ve cost $20. | 要是花了钱就是二十美元 |
[1:04:55] | Look at that. Cute fella. | 瞧瞧 可爱的小家伙 |
[1:04:57] | You can put him down. Go ahead. | 你可以把它放下 放下吧 |
[1:05:02] | – Stay. – What’s your name, kid? | -别动 -你叫什么 孩子 |
[1:05:06] | Theodore Decker. | 西奥多·德克尔 |
[1:05:08] | Another New Yorker, right? | 你也是纽约人吧 |
[1:05:10] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[1:05:11] | Pleased to meet you. I’m Naaman Silver. | 幸会 我是纳曼·西尔弗 |
[1:05:13] | Is your dad home? | 你爸爸在家吗 |
[1:05:14] | No, sir. | 不在 先生 |
[1:05:15] | “Sir.” Nice manners. | “先生” 真有礼貌 |
[1:05:17] | Do you know when he’ll be back? | 你知道他什么时候回来吗 |
[1:05:19] | No, sir. | 不知道 先生 |
[1:05:21] | Would you like to come in and wait? | 你要进来等吗 |
[1:05:24] | You’re a good kid, Theo. | 你是个好孩子 西奥 |
[1:05:26] | I won’t, thank you, | 不了 谢谢 |
[1:05:26] | because I don’t really like to bother a man when he’s home. | 我并不想到别人家里烦扰他们 |
[1:05:31] | Just tell him I called. And you take care. | 告诉他我来过 你保重 |
[1:05:36] | God bless. | 上帝保佑你 |
[1:05:54] | Yes! There you go! | 太好了 就是这样 |
[1:05:56] | You see, that’s what you get when you exercise discipline. | 瞧 按照方法就会有回报 |
[1:05:59] | You gotta approach it like an investor. | 要像投资者一样对待它 |
[1:06:01] | That’s me. Pure Scorpio. | 这就是我 纯粹的天蝎座 |
[1:06:04] | You believe that stuff? | 你相信那玩意吗 |
[1:06:06] | Half the sports books in Vegas have an astrologer on speed dial. | 维加斯一半体育书籍和占星学有关 |
[1:06:10] | You look for the edge where you can. | 要尽可能地寻找优势 |
[1:06:11] | This year, 53% on what? A thousand plays? | 今年差不多一千场里有53%准吧 |
[1:06:16] | That’s a good year. That’s a damn good year. | 好年份 绝对的好年份 |
[1:06:18] | 聚焦你的体育年份 天蝎座 | |
[1:06:19] | This fucking game, baby. | 这比赛太精彩了 |
[1:06:22] | I wanna open up a savings account for you, okay? | 我想给你开个储蓄账户 好吗 |
[1:06:25] | I put 10,000 aside, so… | 我存一万美元备用 |
[1:06:28] | You don’t have to do that. | 你不必那么做 |
[1:06:29] | I know I don’t have to do that. | 我知道我不必 |
[1:06:31] | I know that. I want to. | 我知道 但我想那么做 |
[1:06:33] | Just give me your Social Security number, when you’ve got a minute, | 你有空的时候把社保号告诉我 |
[1:06:36] | and I’ll open it up for you. | 我给你开户 |
[1:06:39] | It’s just, you know… | 就是… |
[1:06:41] | I’m glad you’re here, kiddo. | 我很高兴你来了 孩子 |
[1:06:46] | You and your mom… | 你和你妈妈… |
[1:06:48] | You know, you two were always so close. | 你们两个一直那么亲近 |
[1:06:54] | I’m glad you’ve given me a second chance. | 我很高兴你给了我第二次机会 |
[1:07:02] | There… There you go! Are you seeing this? | 就是这样 你看到了吗 |
[1:07:05] | You’re bringing me luck already. | 你已经在带给我好运了 |
[1:07:06] | This is unbelievable! | 真是难以置信 |
[1:07:08] | We got two more games today. We gotta pace ourselves. | 今天还有两场比赛 要调整节奏 |
[1:07:10] | This is… this is great. Man. | 真是太棒了 老天 |
[1:07:13] | We gotta keep that dog out of the house, too. | 我们还得把狗关外面 |
[1:07:15] | The dog is bad luck. | 狗是霉运 |
[1:07:16] | Help me with that, okay? | 帮我带它出去 好吗 |
[1:07:18] | Is there any more ice cream? | 还有冰淇淋吗 |
[1:07:36] | We should trip together. | 我们应该一起吸 |
[1:07:39] | Drop acid. | 迷幻药 |
[1:07:43] | That girl, the thin one in civics? | 公民教育课上那个瘦女孩 |
[1:07:47] | Kayley. | 凯莉 |
[1:07:49] | She says her mother’s boyfriend can get some. | 她说她妈妈的男友能搞到一些 |
[1:07:56] | Have you done it before? | 你之前吸过吗 |
[1:07:59] | Once. | 吸过一次 |
[1:08:01] | It was fantastic. | 爽极了 |
[1:08:05] | What does it… | 那是… |
[1:08:10] | My dad, he’ll kill the dog. Hurry. | 我爸回来了 他会杀了狗的 快 |
[1:08:15] | Popper. Come here. | 波普尔 过来 |
[1:09:15] | Very exciting. | 太让人激动了 |
[1:09:17] | If you ever go to Ukraine, people will treat you as big star. | 如果你去乌克兰 人们会把你当大明星 |
[1:09:20] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[1:09:21] | You didn’t tell me your father was in movies, Potter. | 你没说你爸爸演过电影 波特 |
[1:09:24] | I mean, it was only one or two, you know. | 只演过一两部 |
[1:09:27] | It was mostly, you know, TV work. | 大部分是电视剧 |
[1:09:30] | Listen, Theo, I’m gonna take Xandra to the MGM Grand | 西奥 我要带桑德拉去米高梅大酒店 |
[1:09:34] | for Thanksgiving dinner. | 吃感恩节晚餐 |
[1:09:36] | You wanna come? | 你要一起吗 |
[1:09:42] | We thought we might just do our own thing, Dad. | 我们还是自己过吧 爸 |
[1:09:44] | We’ll probably go to Boris’ house for dinner. | 我们可能会去鲍里斯家里吃晚餐 |
[1:09:48] | But I guess I could come with you guys, | 不过和你们一起去也行 |
[1:09:49] | if that’s what you’d rather? | 如果你更愿意这样的话 |
[1:09:51] | The reservation’s been made already, so… | 我们已经预订了 所以… |
[1:09:55] | Well, I’ll let you two work it out. | 你们两个自己解决吧 |
[1:09:58] | Boris, do you like cop movies? | 鲍里斯 你喜欢警匪片吗 |
[1:10:00] | Sure. Yeah? | 当然 怎么了 |
[1:10:02] | I made one with Mickey Rourke. You wanna see it? | 我和米基·洛克拍过一部 想看看吗 |
[1:10:04] | – For real, man? – For real. | -真的吗 -真的 |
[1:10:07] | This was delicious. | 这餐很美味 |
[1:10:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:10:11] | Mickey hated me, by the way. | 顺便说一句 米基讨厌我 |
[1:10:14] | I don’t know what the problem was, | 我不知道是什么问题 |
[1:10:15] | ’cause I thought he was pretty cool. | 因为我以为他人相当不错 |
[1:10:17] | But, you know, the guy was just threatened by me, | 不过 他觉得我威胁到他了 |
[1:10:20] | for whatever reason. | 谁知道是什么原因 |
[1:10:22] | I mean, we even worked out together a couple of times. | 我们还一起健过几次身 |
[1:10:24] | You want me to change the reservation or not? | 你到底想不想让我改预约 |
[1:10:27] | I never said I didn’t want you to come. | 我从来没说过不想让你一起去 |
[1:10:29] | I never said you did. | 我也没说过你说了 |
[1:10:32] | Got it. | 找到了 |
[1:10:34] | What are you two really gonna do anyway? | 你们两个到底要做什么 |
[1:10:37] | We’ll probably just watch TV here. | 可能就在这里看看电视 |
[1:10:39] | Do you want me to bring you those cocktail sausages | 你想让我给你带你喜欢的 |
[1:10:42] | and the hot wings that you like? | 小香肠和辣鸡翅吗 |
[1:10:45] | Great. | 好呀 |
[1:10:46] | Cool. I’ll hook you up. | 好 我给你带 |
[1:10:51] | But you stay outta my cigarettes. | 不过你别碰我的烟 |
[1:10:54] | “Every man, every woman… | “每个男人 每个女人” |
[1:10:57] | carries one true home.” | “都有一个真正的家” |
[1:11:02] | English! | 说英语 |
[1:11:04] | In English, you fucker! | 说英语 你个混蛋 |
[1:11:13] | Fuck! My fucking mouth. | 见鬼 我的嘴 |
[1:11:18] | My wife, Dawn, and our kids, Sebastian and Casey. | 我妻子道恩及我们的孩子塞巴斯蒂安和凯西 |
[1:11:22] | Did you hear that? | 你听到了吗 |
[1:11:24] | What? | 什么 |
[1:11:25] | The man talking? | 那个男人说的 |
[1:11:27] | He just wished happy holiday to his kids, Bastard and Casey. | 他祝他的孩子巴斯塔德和凯西节日快乐 |
[1:11:31] | Don’t be stupid. | 别犯蠢了 |
[1:11:32] | That’s what he said. | 他就是那么说的 |
[1:11:33] | That’s hard, eh? | 太冷酷了吧 |
[1:11:35] | Casey’s okay. | 凯西还行 |
[1:11:36] | But calling your son Bastard on TV… | 但在电视上叫自己的孩子私生子 |
[1:11:38] | – That’s not what he said. – Then what did he say? | -他不是那么说的 -那他说了什么 |
[1:11:40] | – How the fuck should I know? – Then why argue? | -我他妈怎么知道 -那还吵什么 |
[1:11:43] | Americans always call their kids stupid fucking names | 美国人总是给自己的孩子起愚蠢的名字 |
[1:11:46] | like Apple, and Blanket, and Bear, and shit. | 像苹果 毯子 熊熊什么的 |
[1:11:49] | Families enjoying the first skate of the season in New York City. | 家庭们在纽约享受这个季节的第一次滑冰 |
[1:11:54] | You and your mother go there? | 你和你妈妈会去那里吗 |
[1:11:56] | No. It was for tourists. | 不 那里是游客去的 |
[1:11:59] | What did you do? | 那你们做什么 |
[1:12:03] | Nothing. We just… | 没什么 我们就… |
[1:12:06] | She made turkey. | 她做火鸡 |
[1:12:10] | We sang songs. | 我们唱歌 |
[1:12:23] | Can’t we just swallow them? | 直接吞不行吗 |
[1:12:28] | It hits harder this way. | 这样效果更强劲 |
[1:13:07] | How will we know when it starts working? | 我们怎么知道它什么时候开始起效 |
[1:13:14] | My dad killed a man. | 我爸杀了一个人 |
[1:13:18] | In mine, in New Guinea. | 在新几内亚的矿上 |
[1:13:25] | Bullshit. | 胡说 |
[1:13:28] | No. | 不 |
[1:13:31] | It’s true. | 这是真的 |
[1:13:35] | He did it with a… | 他杀了人 用… |
[1:13:37] | What do you call it? | 叫什么来着 |
[1:13:40] | Pipe wrench. | 管钳 |
[1:13:43] | Tried to make it look like loose rocks had fall on him. | 伪装成他是被松动的矿石砸死的 |
[1:13:49] | We had to leave right after. | 我们不得不赶紧离开那里 |
[1:13:57] | Now you. | 该你了 |
[1:13:59] | A secret. | 说个秘密 |
[1:14:08] | I dream about my mom. | 我梦到我妈妈 |
[1:14:12] | I dream somebody tells me where she’s living. | 我梦到有人告诉我她住在哪 |
[1:14:18] | It’s like some old slum building across town. | 像是城里另一边某个老旧的贫民窟楼 |
[1:14:24] | And I run there | 我跑到那里 |
[1:14:27] | and I run up the stairs, | 跑上楼梯 |
[1:14:32] | but she’s gone. | 但她已经不在了 |
[1:14:35] | She’s always gone. | 她总是不在 |
[1:14:39] | It’s not secret. | 这不是秘密 |
[1:14:43] | She won’t see me because it was my fault. | 她不愿见我 因为那是我的错 |
[1:14:49] | She was taking me to see the principal | 她那时要带我去见校长 |
[1:14:52] | because they’d said I’d been smoking. | 因为有人说我吸烟 |
[1:14:57] | And it was raining, and we were early | 那天下雨 我们到早了 |
[1:15:00] | and that’s why we went into the museum. | 所以才去了博物馆 |
[1:15:09] | It was my fault she died. | 她的死是我的错 |
[1:15:15] | And now she won’t see me. | 现在她不愿见我了 |
[1:15:31] | Swim, Potter. | 游泳吧 波特 |
[1:17:02] | Where am I? | 我在哪 |
[1:17:05] | Where? | 在哪 |
[1:17:13] | Pippa! | 皮帕 |
[1:17:15] | Where is she? | 她在哪 |
[1:17:26] | I haven’t seen you for so long. | 我好久没见你了 |
[1:17:31] | Emile. | 艾米丽 |
[1:17:34] | You should stay still. | 你应该待着别动 |
[1:17:36] | Not here. Don’t leave it here. | 不要在这里 别把它留在这里 |
[1:17:37] | Not here. Don’t leave it here. | 不要在这里 别把它留在这里 |
[1:17:40] | Take it. | 拿上它 |
[1:17:42] | Take it. | 拿上它 |
[1:17:44] | They mustn’t see it. | 绝不能让他们看到 |
[1:17:47] | They’ll take it. | 他们会把它拿走 |
[1:17:48] | They took all the light bulbs. | 他们把灯泡都拿走了 |
[1:17:55] | They… | 他们… |
[1:18:01] | That? You mean that? | 那个 你是说那个吗 |
[1:18:07] | It’s okay. Here. | 没关系 给你 |
[1:18:09] | Take it with you. | 你拿上它 |
[1:18:18] | Promise! Promise you’ll take it. | 答应我 答应我你会拿上它 |
[1:18:35] | I have to find my mother. | 我得去找我妈妈 |
[1:18:45] | Hobart and Blackwell. | 霍伯特-布莱克威尔 |
[1:18:49] | Ring the green bell. | 按绿门铃 |
[1:20:28] | Clear on the side! | 这侧安全 |
[1:21:06] | It’s just me, Potter. | 是我 波特 |
[1:21:09] | Potter. | 波特 |
[1:21:15] | Sleep. Sleep, Potter. | 睡吧 睡吧 波特 |
[1:21:42] | Theo, you got a minute? | 西奥 你有空吗 |
[1:21:44] | Sure. What’s up? | 有空 怎么了 |
[1:21:48] | You know I said I’d had a good year? | 你记得我说过今年生意不错吗 |
[1:21:50] | Well, I’m looking to make some big changes. | 我想做些大改变 |
[1:21:52] | A buddy of mine is opening up a restaurant. | 我有个朋友要开一家餐馆 |
[1:21:55] | That’s great. | 那挺好 |
[1:21:56] | Yeah. It’s a great opportunity. | 是啊 这是个好机会 |
[1:21:58] | But, you know, it’s just, well, | 但是你知道 |
[1:22:00] | restaurant taxes, liquor license taxes. | 餐馆税 酒类执照税 |
[1:22:03] | It’s a big initial outlay. | 初始开销非常大 |
[1:22:06] | Well, if you need the money | 如果你需要 |
[1:22:08] | from the savings account, you can… | 从储蓄账户里取钱 你可以… |
[1:22:12] | Right. No, I, uh… | 嗯 不是 |
[1:22:14] | Right. | 嗯 |
[1:22:15] | I appreciate that, pal. I do. | 感谢你的好意 真的 |
[1:22:17] | But what I need you to do is, | 但我需要你做的是 |
[1:22:19] | I need you to call this guy Bracegirdle, | 给一个叫布雷斯格尔的人打电话 |
[1:22:22] | your mom’s attorney. | 他是你妈的律师 |
[1:22:24] | There you go. I’ve written everything out. | 你看看 我都写下来了 |
[1:22:26] | You tell him that I’m sending you to a private school | 你告诉他我要送你去上私立学校 |
[1:22:29] | and you need this amount transferred to this account. | 你需要往这个账户里汇这么多钱 |
[1:22:33] | $65,000? | 六万五千美元 |
[1:22:36] | As long as the money’s being used for your benefit, | 只要这钱是花在你身上的 |
[1:22:39] | it’s legal, all right? | 就是合法的 对吧 |
[1:22:40] | And this restaurant, | 而这个餐馆 |
[1:22:41] | it’ll be for all of our benefits. | 是为了我们所有人好 |
[1:22:43] | Thing is, if we angle this right? | 重点是 如果我们谋到这笔钱 |
[1:22:45] | You know, we could save, like, 30,000. | 我们就能省下大概三万块 |
[1:22:48] | But why… | 但为什么… |
[1:22:48] | Theo, I don’t have time for this right now. | 西奥 我没空跟你解释 |
[1:22:52] | I need you to make this call | 你现在就得打电话 |
[1:22:53] | because the offices will close back East. | 因为东部马上就该下班了 |
[1:22:55] | And if you need to sign documents, | 如果需要你签署文件 |
[1:22:57] | you tell him to fax to this number, okay? | 你就让他发传真到这个号码 |
[1:22:59] | But why do I have to do it? I mean, it… | 但为什么非要我打电话 |
[1:23:04] | You’re gonna do this, all right? You’ve got to. | 你现在就要打 明白吗 必须打 |
[1:23:06] | I’m in a real fucking tight spot here. | 我现在处于紧要关头 |
[1:23:08] | Do you understand that? | 你能理解吗 |
[1:23:09] | You got it? Just a temporary thing. | 明白吗 这只是暂时的 |
[1:23:11] | But I need the money now! | 但我现在就需要钱 |
[1:23:14] | I mean, ’cause this opportunity… Hey. | 因为这个机会…听着 |
[1:23:16] | This opportunity could go away, | 这个机会如果我不抓住 |
[1:23:17] | if I don’t get on it right now. | 可能就溜走了 |
[1:23:19] | Stop! | 停 |
[1:23:22] | Stop with the crying. | 别哭了 |
[1:23:35] | Just what’s on the page. | 照着我写的说 |
[1:23:47] | Bracegirdle and Wise. | 布雷斯格尔-怀斯律所 |
[1:23:51] | Can I speak to Mr. Bracegirdle, please? | 能请布雷斯格尔先生接电话吗 |
[1:23:54] | This is Theodore Decker. | 我是西奥多·德克尔 |
[1:23:56] | Please hold. | 请稍等 |
[1:23:59] | Theodore, I’m glad you’ve phoned. | 西奥多 很高兴接到你的电话 |
[1:24:01] | I’ve had no way of getting in touch with you directly. | 我一直找不到直接联系你的途径 |
[1:24:05] | I wanna go to private school. | 我想上私立学校 |
[1:24:07] | Did my mother leave me some money? | 我妈妈有没有给我留钱 |
[1:24:10] | Not exactly. | 不算是吧 |
[1:24:11] | 可享税收优惠政策 但只能用于教育 | |
[1:24:11] | But you do have a 529 which can be used for your education. | 不过你有一个可以用于教育的529账户 |
[1:24:15] | So, if I asked you to send me $65,000? | 那你能给我汇六万五千美元吗 |
[1:24:20] | I’m afraid the funds can only be released | 恐怕账户存款只能 |
[1:24:22] | directly to the school of your choice. | 直接汇到你所选择的学校 |
[1:24:24] | It was set up by your mother to ensure | 这是你母亲开设的账户 |
[1:24:26] | it could only be used for your education. | 为了确保这笔钱只能用于你的教育 |
[1:24:29] | I don’t know if I should tell you this, | 我不知道是不是应该告诉你 |
[1:24:31] | but an unauthorized person has twice tried | 有个未经授权的人已经两次试图 |
[1:24:33] | to make a large withdrawal on the account. | 从这个账户里取一大笔钱 |
[1:24:35] | Someone with access to your Social Security number, | 有人知道的你的社保号 |
[1:24:38] | purporting to be your attorney out there. | 声称是你的律师 |
[1:24:41] | Do you know anything about that? | 你知道这件事吗 |
[1:24:45] | No, I don’t. | 不知道 |
[1:24:48] | Thank you anyway. | 不过还是谢谢你 |
[1:24:56] | God damn it! No! | 该死的 不 |
[1:25:00] | Fuck! God! Fuck! | 操 妈的 |
[1:25:03] | No! No! No! | 不 不 不 |
[1:25:08] | Fuck! | 操 |
[1:25:16] | He told me you had fortune. | 他跟我说你有一大笔钱 |
[1:25:18] | My dad? | 我爸 |
[1:25:19] | You think if I had a fortune I wouldn’t have told you? | 我要是有钱会不告诉你吗 |
[1:25:22] | I don’t know. | 我哪知道 |
[1:25:23] | There are lots of things you don’t tell me. | 你没告诉我的事情多了去了 |
[1:25:26] | But that’s okay. | 不过没关系 |
[1:25:31] | I know what will make you feel better. | 我知道什么能让你好受些 |
[1:25:43] | Believe me, Potter. | 相信我 波特 |
[1:25:46] | This is going to be one of the great nights of your life. | 今晚会成为你人生中最美妙的夜晚之一 |
[1:26:20] | It’s like a movie. | 就像电影一样 |
[1:26:22] | It’s all flat and black and white. | 单调的黑白电影 |
[1:26:26] | Would be nice if we could’ve had color though. | 要是有点色彩就好了 |
[1:26:30] | Maybe if you paid more. | 可能这是便宜货 |
[1:26:38] | Shit. | 见鬼 |
[1:26:40] | No one was supposed to be here. | 这时候家里应该没人的 |
[1:26:43] | Act normal. | 自然点 |
[1:26:44] | They’ve got sparks coming out of their mouths. | 他们的嘴里在冒火花 |
[1:26:50] | Normal. Normal. | 要自然 自然点 |
[1:27:05] | You’re still in your work uniform. | 你还穿着工作服 |
[1:27:08] | Theo… | 西奥 |
[1:27:12] | your dad’s had a car accident. | 你爸出车祸了 |
[1:27:18] | It was about two hours ago. | 大概两小时前的事 |
[1:27:22] | His blood alcohol was .39. | 他的血液酒精浓度是0.39% |
[1:27:26] | He was driving west into the desert, | 他当时正向西往沙漠里开 |
[1:27:32] | like he was leaving. | 就像他要离开了 |
[1:27:37] | Right. | 嗯 |
[1:27:41] | Right. So, when’s he coming back? | 嗯 那他什么时候回来 |
[1:27:46] | No, Theo. | 不 西奥 |
[1:27:49] | What I’m saying is… Is that he’s dead. | 我的意思是 他死了 |
[1:27:53] | He’s dead. | 他死了 |
[1:27:58] | He’s dead. | 他死了 |
[1:28:26] | What are you doing? | 你干什么 |
[1:28:30] | I didn’t think you could see me. | 我以为你不会注意到我 |
[1:28:33] | You’re too young to drink. | 你还没到喝酒的年龄 |
[1:28:35] | Apologies. | 抱歉 |
[1:28:50] | What’s wrong with you? | 你什么毛病 |
[1:28:54] | What is wrong with you? | 你到底什么毛病 |
[1:28:58] | You can’t cry? Your father is dead. | 你哭不出来吗 你爸爸死了 |
[1:29:00] | Your own father. | 你的亲生父亲 |
[1:29:02] | You think it’s funny? | 你觉得这很好笑吗 |
[1:29:05] | Yeah, well, let me tell you something. | 好 我来告诉你 |
[1:29:08] | You might not have had a lot of time for your dad, | 虽然你跟你爸相处时间不多 |
[1:29:11] | but you are his kid… | 但你是他儿子 |
[1:29:15] | through and through. | 彻头彻尾的 |
[1:29:40] | They’ve gone. | 他们走了 |
[1:29:42] | And she’s out cold. | 她睡死了 |
[1:29:43] | – What are you doing? – I’m looking for money. | -你在干什么 -我在找钱 |
[1:29:46] | I’m leaving before people start showing up. | 我要在那些人出现前离开 |
[1:29:49] | – Come with me. – Where? | -跟我一起走 -去哪 |
[1:29:51] | – New York. – What? | -纽约 -什么 |
[1:29:53] | I can’t stay here with her. | 我不能跟她待在这里 |
[1:29:55] | Because of what she said? | 因为她说的话吗 |
[1:29:56] | She’s a mess, Potter. | 她自顾不暇 |
[1:29:57] | I feel sorry for her. | 我可怜她 |
[1:30:06] | Don’t. | 用不着 |
[1:30:08] | We should plan this. Crazy to go tonight. | 我们应该好好计划 今晚就走太疯狂了 |
[1:30:11] | I can’t stay here! | 我不能留在这里 |
[1:30:13] | She’ll put me in a home. You understand that? | 她会把我送进孤儿院的 明白吗 |
[1:30:15] | Look, I’m a minor. | 我还没成年 |
[1:30:16] | I’ve got no family, no friends out here. | 我没有家人 没有朋友 |
[1:30:20] | We have to go. | 我们必须走 |
[1:30:22] | Now. | 现在就走 |
[1:30:38] | What about Popchik? | 波普奇怎么办 |
[1:30:47] | We’ll stop at yours, grab your things, | 我们去你家拿你的东西 |
[1:30:48] | and then go to the bus station. | 然后就去大巴站 |
[1:30:49] | I can’t leave now. Give me more time. | 我现在不能走 给我点时间 |
[1:30:52] | What? I don’t have time. They’ll come for me. | 什么 我没有时间 他们会来找我的 |
[1:30:55] | – Just one day. – Why? | -一天就行 -为什么 |
[1:30:57] | Because I… | 因为我… |
[1:30:58] | Because what? | 因为什么 |
[1:31:01] | There’s something important I have to tell you. | 有件很重要的事我必须告诉你 |
[1:31:05] | Boris, what? | 什么事 鲍里斯 |
[1:31:07] | What do you have to tell me? | 你必须告诉我什么 |
[1:31:12] | You shouldn’t go. It’s a mistake. | 你不应该走 这是个错误 |
[1:31:15] | I have to go. | 我必须走 |
[1:31:16] | Now, are you coming or not? | 你到底跟不跟我走 |
[1:31:20] | You go ahead. | 你先走 |
[1:31:22] | I’ll follow. | 我去找你 |
[1:31:24] | One or two days. | 等我一两天 |
[1:31:28] | You have to come. Promise me. | 你必须来 答应我 |
[1:31:31] | We’ll go to Brighton Beach. | 我们去布莱顿海滩 |
[1:31:32] | That’s where all of the Russians hang out. | 俄国人都聚在那里 |
[1:31:34] | And we can go to school together. | 我们可以一起上学 |
[1:31:35] | Potter. | 波特 |
[1:31:36] | And… | 还有… |
[1:31:43] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[1:31:45] | Look after Popchik. | 照顾好波普奇 |
[1:33:26] | I hope this will do. | 希望这间能行 |
[1:33:30] | It’s Welty’s old room. | 以前是维特的房间 |
[1:33:43] | Please don’t make me go. | 请别赶我走 |
[1:33:46] | You need to get out of those wet things | 你得把湿衣服脱下来 |
[1:33:47] | and get some rest. | 好好睡一觉 |
[1:33:52] | We’ll talk when you’re feeling better. | 我们等你休息好再谈 |
[1:34:01] | And no one’s gonna make you go. | 没人会赶你走 |
[1:34:04] | You can stay as long as you like. | 你想住多久都可以 |
[1:34:09] | Both of you. | 你们俩都是 |
[1:35:07] | I’m not going to drag you there again | 我不会再拽你跑一趟了 |
[1:35:09] | but you have to decide. | 但你必须挑一种 |
[1:35:10] | Chinois china or Birds of the Nile? | 中式还是鸟纹餐具 |
[1:35:14] | Birds of the Nile. | 鸟纹 |
[1:35:25] | Theo. | 西奥 |
[1:35:26] | It wasn’t quite as romantic as I hoped it would be. | 不如我想象中的浪漫 |
[1:35:28] | They’re beautiful. | 太美了 |
[1:35:33] | What? | 怎么了 |
[1:35:33] | No, nothing. They’re gorgeous. | 没什么 太漂亮了 |
[1:35:36] | It’s just, do you think they’ll be quite right | 不过你觉得正日子那天戴这个 |
[1:35:39] | for the actual day? | 真的合适吗 |
[1:35:43] | No. | 不合适 |
[1:35:44] | Emeralds, I adore them, | 我很喜爱绿宝石 |
[1:35:47] | but they’re not really my stone. | 但不是很适合我 |
[1:35:49] | Mother can’t wear green either. | 绿色也不适合母亲 |
[1:35:52] | Whatever you think. | 随你喜欢 |
[1:35:56] | Darling, I’ve hurt your feelings, haven’t I? | 亲爱的 我是不是伤到你的感情了 |
[1:36:00] | Look, I will wear them. | 我会戴的 |
[1:36:02] | – You really don’t… – I want to. | -真的不必… -我想戴 |
[1:36:09] | Kitsey said no speeches today, | 凯茨说今天不许长篇大论 |
[1:36:11] | so this is a toast. | 这是祝酒 |
[1:36:14] | To my best friend and her husband-to-be. | 敬我最好的朋友和她的未婚夫 |
[1:36:20] | To Kitsey and Theo. | 敬凯茨和西奥 |
[1:36:22] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[1:36:25] | I hope you don’t already have this. | 希望你还没有这本书 |
[1:36:27] | No. You’ll never ever believe this, | 没有 你肯定不会相信 |
[1:36:29] | but I saw this show in Boston when I was in college. | 我上大学时在波士顿看过这场演出 |
[1:36:36] | Is that that boy? Longstreet? | 是那个男孩吗 朗斯特里特 |
[1:36:41] | Forrest Longstreet. | 福雷斯特·朗斯特里特 |
[1:36:43] | He was in Andy’s class, wasn’t he? | 他是安迪班上的 对吗 |
[1:36:46] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[1:36:47] | He didn’t invite Andy to a birthday party, I remember. | 我记得他没有邀请安迪参加他的生日会 |
[1:36:50] | I don’t think Andy would’ve wanted to go. | 我觉得安迪也不想去 |
[1:36:57] | Perhaps not. | 可能吧 |
[1:37:01] | You knew him better than I did. | 你比我更了解他 |
[1:37:05] | I don’t think I ever saw him for… what he was. | 我从来都没有真正了解他 |
[1:37:09] | I think I was always trying to make him into someone else. | 我总是想把他变成别人 |
[1:37:18] | After he’d gone… | 他去世之后 |
[1:37:22] | I thought everything would be broken forever. | 我本以为伤痛永远不会愈合 |
[1:37:28] | And then you came back. | 然后你回来了 |
[1:37:33] | And I thought I’d never be quite so happy ever again. | 我本以为自己不可能再有那样开心的日子了 |
[1:37:41] | I hope you don’t mind | 希望你不要介意 |
[1:37:43] | if I speak from the heart, | 我说出心里话 |
[1:37:48] | but I always did think of you as one of my own. | 但我一直把你当成自己的孩子 |
[1:37:57] | I know this must have been distressing for you. | 我知道这一定让你很苦恼 |
[1:38:00] | So I’d like to offer you some compensation. | 所以我愿意给你一些补偿 |
[1:38:03] | Say, an additional 10,000? | 比方说 再加一万块 |
[1:38:07] | I know you were there. | 我知道你在那里 |
[1:38:11] | Room 32. | 32号展室 |
[1:38:12] | I know you were there | 我知道你在那里 |
[1:38:15] | and I know what else was in that room. | 我也知道那展室里还有什么 |
[1:38:20] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[1:38:21] | The Metropolitan Museum, the day of the bombing. | 大都会博物馆 爆炸发生那天 |
[1:38:27] | I don’t wanna talk about that. | 我不想谈那天的事 |
[1:38:30] | My mother died in that explosion. | 我妈妈在爆炸中丧生 |
[1:38:32] | I know she did. | 我知道 |
[1:38:33] | Welton Blackwell died too, in room 32. | 维特·布莱克威尔也死了 在32号展室 |
[1:38:36] | You know, if your partner hadn’t gone around telling half the town | 要不是你的搭档到处宣扬 |
[1:38:41] | how you turned up at his door with Welty’s ring, | 你带着维特的戒指出现在他家门口 |
[1:38:44] | I might never have made the connection. | 我可能还没办法联系起来 |
[1:38:47] | What connection? | 联系什么 |
[1:38:48] | The connection between you and the painting. | 你和那幅画的联系 |
[1:38:54] | The painting you brought to Mr. Hobart, | 你带给霍伯特先生的那幅画 |
[1:38:56] | who subsequently made you his ward. | 他后来成了你的监护人 |
[1:38:58] | – I’m not his… – Or whatever you are to him. | -他不是我的… -不论你跟他是什么关系 |
[1:39:01] | The painting you two have been farming out, | 你们俩外包出去的那幅画 |
[1:39:03] | using it to raise money. | 靠它赚钱 |
[1:39:04] | This painting. | 这幅画 |
[1:39:08] | Fabritius’ The Goldfinch. | 法布里蒂乌斯的《金翅雀》 |
[1:39:11] | 迈阿密日报 联邦调查局突袭行动的失败使画作《金翅雀》是否存世变得更扑朔迷离 联邦调查局收到线索称迈阿密一个犯罪团伙将这幅画作为毒品交易的抵押物 荷兰著名画家卡尔·法布里蒂乌斯的这一画作被认为是其杰作 这幅画曾被认为毁于2004年在纽约大都会博物馆发生的一起恐怖袭击 虽未在突袭行动中发现这一画作 但调查相关人士认为画作几天前曾出现在迈阿密 这引起对该画作仍然存世 未毁于爆炸的猜测 | |
[1:39:11] | Destroyed in a mindless terrorist attack | 毁于发生在纽约一家博物馆的 |
[1:39:14] | on a New York museum. | 盲目的恐怖主义袭击 |
[1:39:16] | Oh, poor, brave little bird. | 可怜而勇敢的小鸟 |
[1:39:21] | Lost forever. | 永远地遗失了 |
[1:39:26] | You’ve been irresponsible enough, | 你真是太不负责任了 |
[1:39:28] | letting those street thugs handle something so delicate. | 把这么精致的艺术品交给那帮街头黑帮 |
[1:39:33] | What I’m suggesting is | 我的建议是 |
[1:39:36] | you sell it to me for, say, | 你把画卖给我 我出… |
[1:39:41] | half a million dollars. | 五十万美元 |
[1:39:45] | Otherwise, I’m sure the police would be quite interested… | 否则的话 我想警察肯定会很感兴趣 |
[1:39:48] | What the fuck does this have to do with me? | 这他妈跟我有什么关系 |
[1:39:53] | All right. | 好吧 |
[1:39:55] | The FBI received a tip | 联邦调查局收到消息称 |
[1:39:58] | that a criminal gang in Miami | 迈阿密一个犯罪团伙 |
[1:40:00] | was using the painting as collateral in a drug deal. | 将这幅画作为毒品交易的抵押物 |
[1:40:04] | But that proves that it didn’t burn in the explosion, | 这就证明这幅画没毁于爆炸 |
[1:40:07] | wouldn’t you say? | 难道不是吗 |
[1:40:19] | I would advise you to think about my offer. | 你还是考虑一下我的提议吧 |
[1:40:23] | I am quite prepared to go to the FBI. | 我随时可以去找联邦调查局 |
[1:40:25] | Be my guest. | 请便 |
[1:40:27] | Whenever you’d like to talk about the other matter, call me. | 你什么时候想谈另外那件事了就打给我 |
[1:40:45] | Kitsey’s not here, Theo. | 凯茨不在家 西奥 |
[1:40:46] | I thought she’d be back from work by now. | 我还以为她现在应该下班回来了 |
[1:40:48] | She’s not answering her phone. | 她也没接电话 |
[1:40:49] | I don’t know when she’ll be back. | 我不知道她什么时候回来 |
[1:40:53] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:40:55] | Can I wait for her here, please? | 我能不能在这等她 |
[1:40:58] | I think you better come back later. | 你还是晚点再来吧 |
[1:41:01] | Are you serious? | 你是认真的吗 |
[1:41:02] | I just want to wait in her room, Em. | 我只是想在她房间里等她 艾姆 |
[1:41:03] | I don’t… | 我没想 |
[1:41:05] | I live here, too. | 我也住在这 |
[1:41:06] | You can’t just come barging in here. | 你不能就这样闯进来 |
[1:41:11] | I’m sorry. It’s a bad time. | 抱歉 现在不方便 |
[1:41:42] | It’s all right. | 没事 |
[1:41:44] | It’s gonna be fine. | 没事的 |
[1:41:52] | You all right? | 你还好吧 |
[1:41:59] | Theo. | 西奥 |
[1:42:03] | It’s so late. | 现在这么晚了 |
[1:42:06] | You should’ve called me. | 你应该先打电话给我的 |
[1:42:08] | Are you hungry? | 你饿不饿 |
[1:42:09] | I can make us something to eat, | 我可以做点吃的 |
[1:42:11] | if you like? | 要吗 |
[1:42:12] | Maybe a glass of wine? | 或者来杯酒 |
[1:42:18] | Em said you stopped by earlier. | 艾姆说你之前来过 |
[1:42:23] | Oh, darling, will you open this? | 亲爱的 你来开这个好吗 |
[1:42:24] | Please don’t. | 别装了 |
[1:42:26] | I’m sorry? | 你说什么 |
[1:42:29] | I saw you. | 我看到你们了 |
[1:42:40] | You don’t mean Tom Cable, do you? | 你不会是说汤姆·凯波吧 |
[1:42:44] | He’s an old friend. | 他只是老朋友 |
[1:42:46] | Please, Kitsey. No more secrets. | 拜托 凯茨 别再遮遮掩掩了 |
[1:42:54] | I didn’t think it would matter until the wedding. | 婚礼快到了我才意识到这事 |
[1:42:59] | I tried to break things off a while back, but… | 之前我想跟他分手 但是… |
[1:43:03] | But you love him. | 但是你爱他 |
[1:43:09] | I don’t expect you to know what it feels like | 我不敢奢望你能理解 |
[1:43:11] | to be in love with the wrong person. | 爱错了人是什么感觉 |
[1:43:18] | Theo… | 西奥 |
[1:43:21] | does it really matter as much as all that? | 这真的有那么严重吗 |
[1:43:27] | You know it doesn’t. | 你知道并非如此 |
[1:43:30] | Not really. | 没那么严重 |
[1:43:33] | I know about your things. | 我知道你的事 |
[1:43:36] | My things? | 什么事 |
[1:43:39] | Take all the drugs you want, I don’t care. | 你想吸毒就吸吧 我不介意 |
[1:43:43] | This marriage makes sense. | 我们应该结婚 |
[1:43:46] | Mommy loves you so much. | 妈妈非常爱你 |
[1:43:53] | It’s a good match. | 我们很般配 |
[1:43:56] | We like each other and we get on. | 我们彼此喜欢 相处得也不错 |
[1:44:04] | Head not heart? | 合意不合心 |
[1:44:06] | If you like. | 可以这么说 |
[1:44:17] | $2,000. | 两千美元 |
[1:44:19] | Reilly and Britton, of course. | 赖利-布里顿出版社的 |
[1:44:21] | First edition, first printing. | 初版初印 |
[1:44:25] | As you can see, in beautiful condition. | 如你所见 保存得很完好 |
[1:44:30] | I’ll take it. | 我要了 |
[1:44:32] | For yourself? | 你自己收藏吗 |
[1:44:33] | No. A gift. | 不是 送人的 |
[1:44:35] | Lucky person. | 那人真幸运 |
[1:44:41] | Look at this. | 看看这个 |
[1:44:44] | Stored in some unheated shed in Watervliet. | 存放在沃特弗利特一处没有供暖的小屋里 |
[1:44:48] | It’s amazing it survived at all, | 能保存下来太神奇了 |
[1:44:49] | but look at the grain though. | 瞧瞧这纹理 |
[1:44:56] | What? | 怎么了 |
[1:44:59] | I didn’t want to bother you. | 我本来不想让你操心的 |
[1:45:00] | Bother me with what? | 操心什么 |
[1:45:04] | This guy Reeve, Lucius Reeve, | 有个叫里夫的 卢修斯·里夫 |
[1:45:08] | I sold him the chest-on-chest with the Affleck ornament. | 我卖给他一个带有阿弗莱克式装饰的叠柜 |
[1:45:12] | And? | 然后呢 |
[1:45:14] | I sold it as an Affleck. | 我当作真品卖给他了 |
[1:45:18] | I should have never, never. But I didn’t know what to do. | 我真不应该 但我不知道该怎么办 |
[1:45:21] | We had the IRS calling every other day, | 国税局每两天打来一次电话 |
[1:45:23] | and now he’s got it in for us. | 现在他手里有我们的把柄 |
[1:45:24] | Well, give him the money back. | 那就把钱退给他 |
[1:45:26] | I’ve tried. I don’t know what he wants. | 我试过了 我不知道他想怎样 |
[1:45:30] | Dealers live by their reputation, Theo. | 生意人靠的是名声 西奥 |
[1:45:32] | It’s an honor system. | 这是一种诚信制度 |
[1:45:34] | If… | 如果 |
[1:45:38] | If word got out that… | 如果事情传出去 |
[1:45:41] | I’ll put it right, Hobie. | 我会搞定的 老霍 |
[1:45:44] | I’ll offer him more than what he paid for the piece. | 我额外多赔给他一些钱 |
[1:45:46] | I’m sure he just wants money. | 我想他无非就是要钱 |
[1:45:56] | Hobie? | 老霍 |
[1:46:18] | Pippa? | 皮帕 |
[1:46:19] | Hello, lovely. | 你好 帅哥 |
[1:46:27] | Are you gonna change the sign? | 你们要换招牌吗 |
[1:46:29] | No. | 不 |
[1:46:30] | I didn’t ask him to. | 我没让他换 |
[1:46:32] | I know you didn’t. | 我知道 |
[1:46:35] | But Hobie’s always saying you’ve turned things around. | 但老霍总说是你使生意变好了 |
[1:46:39] | Quite the salesman. | 你这推销员可真不赖 |
[1:46:42] | And who’d have thought it? Antique furniture? | 谁会想到呢 古董家具 |
[1:46:53] | Do you miss it? | 你会怀念吗 |
[1:46:55] | New York? | 纽约 |
[1:46:58] | Don’t let me forget, I’ve got a book for you. | 别让我忘了 我有一本书送你 |
[1:47:02] | – Yeah? – Mmm-hmm. | -是吗 -嗯 |
[1:47:06] | I’ve got something for you, too. | 我也有东西送你 |
[1:47:10] | It’s good timing. | 时机刚刚好 |
[1:47:11] | I finished my book on the plane. | 我在飞机上把书写完了 |
[1:47:14] | I’ve got you The Rings of Saturn. | 我给你带了《土星的光环》 |
[1:47:16] | Everett said he thought you’d like it. | 埃弗雷特说你应该会喜欢 |
[1:47:28] | – Is it good? – Mmm-hmm. | -好看吗 -嗯 |
[1:47:29] | Great. | 太好了 |
[1:47:31] | I’m really glad you’re happy, Theo. | 你过得幸福 我真为你高兴 西奥 |
[1:47:33] | I can’t believe I haven’t even met her | 难以想象我还没见过你的另一半 |
[1:47:35] | and you’re getting married. | 你就要结婚了 |
[1:47:36] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[1:47:38] | It was all pretty fast. | 一切都进展得很快 |
[1:47:42] | Well, I guess when you know, you know. | 我想你应该是遇上了对的人 |
[1:47:52] | Okay. I’m bushed. | 好了 我累坏了 |
[1:47:56] | Time for bed. | 我该睡觉了 |
[1:48:05] | Night. | 晚安 |
[1:48:20] | 午夜场 钢琴奇才格伦·古尔德的内心世界 | |
[1:48:33] | I remember the feeling of, | 我记得那种感觉 |
[1:48:35] | “Who is this guy?” | “这家伙是谁” |
[1:48:37] | That each voice is so clearly etched in the eloquence | 每一道音符都铿锵顿挫 |
[1:48:40] | with which he was able to play the left and the right hands, | 他左右手都能弹奏出动人的旋律 |
[1:48:43] | so they sounded almost like | 听起来宛如 |
[1:48:44] | it was a duet played with yourself. | 他一个人的二重奏 |
[1:48:52] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:48:56] | I thought you’d like it. | 我以为你会喜欢 |
[1:48:59] | I loved it. | 我喜欢 |
[1:49:01] | It just reminded me of that world. | 只是让我想起了以前的生活 |
[1:49:07] | It was really hard, you know. | 那时真的很难 |
[1:49:10] | You just practice, practice, practice, six hours a day. | 每天不断地练习 一天练六个小时 |
[1:49:16] | And then everything stopped that day. | 然后一切都在那天结束了 |
[1:49:20] | Now I can’t even go to a concert. | 现在我连音乐会都去不了 |
[1:49:24] | And Welty… | 还有维特 |
[1:49:26] | you know, he was only with me that day | 他那天之所以跟我在一起 |
[1:49:28] | because I was making him take me to an audition. | 是因为我让他带我去试音 |
[1:49:32] | It was my fault, Thee. | 是我的错 西奥 |
[1:49:34] | Come home. | 回家吧 |
[1:49:38] | Home here? | 这里的家 |
[1:49:40] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:49:42] | What about Everett? | 那埃弗雷特呢 |
[1:49:46] | When I was with Welty, | 那时我和维特在一起 |
[1:49:50] | when he gave me this ring, | 他把这枚戒指交给了我 |
[1:49:53] | something happened between us. | 我们之间发生了什么 |
[1:49:56] | Like the way he guided me to the shop. | 他就那样指引我去了古董店 |
[1:50:01] | The minute I was there, it felt right. | 我一踏入哪里 感觉就对了 |
[1:50:05] | And antiques? | 再说了 古董 |
[1:50:07] | Why would I be interested? Who would’ve known that? | 我为什么会产生兴趣 谁能想到呢 |
[1:50:10] | But I was. | 但确实如此 |
[1:50:11] | It’s like he sent me exactly where I needed to be. | 就像他把我送到了我需要去的地方 |
[1:50:15] | And to who I needed to be with. | 送到了我需要的人的身边 |
[1:50:22] | Pippa. | 皮帕 |
[1:50:28] | – I… – I know. | -我… -我知道 |
[1:50:30] | I know. | 我知道 |
[1:50:34] | Don’t think I don’t. | 别以为我不知道 |
[1:50:42] | Yes. | 对 |
[1:50:45] | I miss it. | 我很怀念 |
[1:50:48] | New York. | 纽约 |
[1:50:51] | But I’ll tell you why I don’t come back. | 但我来告诉你 为什么我不回来 |
[1:50:54] | Because at least in London, | 因为至少在伦敦 |
[1:50:58] | I don’t think about… | 我不会想起 |
[1:51:00] | it… | 那件事 |
[1:51:02] | every second of the day. | 不会每时每刻都被困扰 |
[1:51:08] | But I miss it. | 但我很怀念 |
[1:51:11] | I miss Hobie. | 我想老霍 |
[1:51:15] | And I miss you. | 我也想你 |
[1:51:29] | We are an awful lot alike, Theo. | 我们有很多相似之处 西奥 |
[1:51:38] | What we both went through, | 我们有共同的经历 |
[1:51:40] | I don’t think we can lean on each other. | 我不认为我们可以互相依靠 |
[1:51:45] | If one of us went down… | 如果我们中有一人奔溃 |
[1:51:49] | the other would go with them. | 另一个也会跟着崩溃 |
[1:51:55] | Theo, I’m sorry. | 西奥 对不起 |
[1:52:00] | No. No. | 别 别 |
[1:52:02] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:52:11] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[1:52:22] | Yo. | 嘿 |
[1:52:23] | Jerome? I need some. Where do I go? | 杰罗姆 我要货 去哪买 |
[1:52:26] | Hit up my girl Katrina. Bar G-Slack off Avenue B. | 去找我女人卡特里娜 B大道的慵懒酒吧 |
[1:52:44] | Does Katrina work here? | 卡特里娜在这里工作吗 |
[1:52:47] | Katrina? | 卡特里娜 |
[1:52:50] | I’m a friend of Jerome’s. | 我是杰罗姆的朋友 |
[1:52:52] | He said, uh, she might be able to help me. | 他说 她也许能帮我 |
[1:52:57] | What’s her second name? | 她姓什么 |
[1:53:03] | Help you with what? | 帮你什么 |
[1:53:07] | It doesn’t matter. | 没事了 |
[1:53:21] | Potter! | 波特 |
[1:53:28] | Boris? | 鲍里斯 |
[1:53:43] | How did you know I’d be here? | 你怎么知道我会在这里 |
[1:53:45] | I… I didn’t. | 我不知道 |
[1:53:46] | – You weren’t looking for me? – What? | -你不是来找我的 -什么 |
[1:53:49] | This is just accident? | 这只是个巧合 |
[1:53:52] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:53:56] | All right. | 好吧 |
[1:53:59] | To accident then. Hmm? | 敬巧合一杯 |
[1:54:15] | They serve food here? | 这里还有吃的 |
[1:54:17] | Not usually. | 通常没有 |
[1:54:21] | What do you do? | 你做什么工作 |
[1:54:23] | This, that. | 各种各样 |
[1:54:25] | Many things, you know. Just getting by. | 什么都做 混口饭吃 |
[1:54:31] | You living in New York? | 你住在纽约吗 |
[1:54:32] | No. I travel a lot. Sometimes here. | 不 我经常旅行 有时候来这里 |
[1:54:35] | Sweden, Belgium, Germany. | 瑞典 比利时 德国 |
[1:54:37] | – Russia? – Not so much. | -俄罗斯 -不怎么去 |
[1:54:40] | I thought maybe you went back to Russia | 我还以为你回俄罗斯了 |
[1:54:43] | because you never came. | 因为你没来找我 |
[1:54:46] | Well, um, very fucked-up time. | 是啊 那段时间很操蛋 |
[1:54:49] | For a while, I worked for Mr. Silver. | 我为白银先生工作了一段时间 |
[1:54:51] | What? | 什么 |
[1:54:52] | I was living with Xandra at the time. | 那时我和桑德拉住在一起 |
[1:54:53] | What? | 什么 |
[1:54:54] | My dad had moved. I had nowhere to go. | 我爸搬走了 我无处可去 |
[1:54:57] | We ended up getting along. | 结果我们很合得来 |
[1:54:59] | Mr. Silver would come round. | 白银先生会过来 |
[1:55:00] | So for a while, I am his assistant. | 所以我给他做了一段时间的助手 |
[1:55:02] | Do this, do that. | 什么都干点儿 |
[1:55:04] | I can’t believe you’re here. | 真不敢相信你在这里 |
[1:55:06] | Do you know what I did in college? | 你知道我在大学里学的什么吗 |
[1:55:08] | Conversational Russian, because of you. | 俄语对话 因为你 |
[1:55:15] | It used to make me think of you. | 俄语曾经让我想起你 |
[1:55:23] | Potter… | 波特 |
[1:55:25] | I am so sorry for what I did to you. | 我为我对你做的事道歉 |
[1:55:30] | Forget it. | 算了吧 |
[1:55:32] | No, I can’t. | 不能算了 |
[1:55:39] | Are you happy? | 你幸福吗 |
[1:55:42] | Not very. | 算不上 |
[1:55:44] | A girl? | 有个姑娘 |
[1:55:46] | Look, it’s not that. It’s… | 不是那样的 |
[1:55:50] | I’m engaged to be married. | 我订婚了 |
[1:55:55] | I don’t know why I’m telling you this, | 我不知道为什么要跟你说这个 |
[1:55:57] | but I saw her kissing another guy. | 我看到她和别的男人接吻了 |
[1:56:03] | Old friend of mine. Tom Cable. | 我的老朋友 汤姆·凯波 |
[1:56:05] | The asshole with the cigarette, | 你小时候那个 |
[1:56:06] | when you were a kid? | 抽烟的混蛋 |
[1:56:10] | And you love her. | 你爱她 |
[1:56:13] | But not too much, I think. | 但也没那么爱 |
[1:56:16] | It’s complicated. | 一言难尽 |
[1:56:21] | There is someone else? | 还有别人吗 |
[1:56:26] | All right. Enough of this. | 好了 别说这个了 |
[1:56:27] | Let’s go somewhere. Let’s get a taxi. | 我们换个地方吧 打辆车 |
[1:56:30] | A taxi? | 打车 |
[1:56:34] | You’ve got a fucking driver. You? | 你有司机 就凭你 |
[1:56:37] | I have a fucking driver! | 我有司机 |
[1:56:39] | Gyuri, say hello to Potter. | 古里 跟波特打个招呼 |
[1:56:41] | Hello, Potter. | 你好 波特 |
[1:56:43] | Hello, Gyuri. | 你好 古里 |
[1:56:45] | Watch the, uh… | 小心… |
[1:56:46] | Watch, you’re spilling it! | 小心 你弄洒了 |
[1:56:48] | Hold it still! | 拿稳了 |
[1:56:54] | Come work for me. | 来跟我工作吧 |
[1:56:56] | Fate brings us together again. And you are not happy. | 命运让我们重聚了 而你并不幸福 |
[1:56:59] | I want to repay you | 我想报答你 |
[1:57:01] | because everything good that has happened | 因为我身上发生的所有好事 |
[1:57:02] | is because of you. | 都是拜你所赐 |
[1:57:05] | That’s great. I got you started as a drug dealer. | 那太好了 我让你当上了毒贩 |
[1:57:07] | Not drug dealing. I have a good life. | 不是贩毒 我过得很好 |
[1:57:10] | We could… | 我们可以… |
[1:57:15] | I am so sorry, Potter. | 我很抱歉 波特 |
[1:57:19] | So sorry for what I did. | 我为我做的事道歉 |
[1:57:21] | – Forget it. – I can’t forget it. | -算了吧 -不能算了 |
[1:57:25] | That I should treat you so badly. | 我竟然那样辜负你 |
[1:57:28] | And I have tried, I swear to you, | 我尽力了 我发誓 |
[1:57:29] | I have tried to get it back. | 我尽力想把它拿回来 |
[1:57:32] | I thought you might have heard about Miami | 我想你可能听说迈阿密的事了 |
[1:57:34] | and I wanted to tell you that nothing, | 我想告诉你没有任何线索 |
[1:57:36] | nothing could be traced back to you. | 没有任何线索能追查到你身上 |
[1:57:44] | No. | 不是吧 |
[1:57:48] | You never opened it? | 你从没打开过 |
[1:57:49] | All these years? | 这么多年 |
[1:57:52] | How could you not fucking open it? | 你怎么能不打开 |
[1:57:54] | Shut the fuck up. What are you… | 闭嘴 你在说什… |
[1:57:55] | You had stayed, I would have… | 如果你留下 我就会… |
[1:57:58] | I would have given it back to you. I promise. | 我就会把它还给你的 我保证 |
[1:58:02] | Told you that I had switched it. | 我就会告诉你我把它调包了 |
[1:58:04] | But you wouldn’t wait. | 但你不肯等 |
[1:58:05] | You had to go straight away | 你非要立刻离开 |
[1:58:06] | and I was scared to tell you that I’m so ashamed. | 我不敢告诉你 我很羞愧 |
[1:58:09] | Still so ashamed! | 现在还很羞愧 |
[1:58:10] | Bullshit! Nobody knew about it. No one has ever… | 胡说 没人知道它的事 从来没人… |
[1:58:13] | You are a blackout drunk, Potter. | 波特 你喝得烂醉如泥 |
[1:58:17] | You showed me it. | 你给我看了 |
[1:58:19] | At Thanksgiving. Totally wrecked. | 感恩节 吸了迷幻药 |
[1:58:24] | You unwrapped it and showed me. | 你把它拆开给我看了 |
[1:58:28] | And I wanted it. But not to sell. | 我想据为己有 但不是为了转卖 |
[1:58:30] | I swear to you. You cannot sell something like that. | 我发誓 那种东西没办法卖 |
[1:58:33] | I don’t believe… | 我不相信 |
[1:58:36] | I don’t believe one word you’re saying. | 你说的我一个字也不信 |
[1:58:38] | This is the back of the painting. | 这是画的背面 |
[1:58:41] | The verso proved that we have it. | 背面证明画在我们手上 |
[1:58:45] | The painting was used as collateral on certain deals. | 这幅画被用作某些交易的抵押物 |
[1:58:51] | Until Miami. | 直到迈阿密的事 |
[1:58:54] | And I swear to you, Potter, I swear… | 我发誓 波特 我发誓 |
[1:58:56] | What are you… Wait, Potter! | 你干什么…等等 波特 |
[1:58:58] | Please, stop! | 拜托 停下 |
[1:59:46] | Move! Get out! | 快出去 |
[1:59:48] | 公民教育 责任与公民身份 | |
[2:00:09] | 公民教育 责任与公民身份 | |
[2:00:39] | He came to see me today. | 他今天来见我了 |
[2:00:42] | Reeve. | 里夫 |
[2:00:46] | He had photocopies, bills of shipping. | 他有复印件和运单 |
[2:00:51] | Dozens. | 几十份 |
[2:00:52] | All right. Listen… | 好吧 听我说 |
[2:00:53] | I wanted to tell you. | 我想告诉你的 |
[2:00:56] | I was just trying to settle some debts. | 我只是想还清债务 |
[2:00:59] | I didn’t know how to get out from under. | 我不知道还能怎么转亏为盈 |
[2:01:00] | No, no, you don’t have to tell me. | 不 不 你不用告诉我 |
[2:01:03] | Business turning around and it suited me | 生意有起色让我能够 |
[2:01:06] | to keep my head in the sand. | 继续逃避现实 |
[2:01:09] | No, no, that’s not what I’m saying. | 不 不 我想说的不是这个 |
[2:01:11] | This is all my fault. | 这都是我的错 |
[2:01:12] | And I’ll fix it. | 我会解决的 |
[2:01:16] | That’s not why he came. | 这不是他来的原因 |
[2:01:25] | Is it true? | 是真的吗 |
[2:01:30] | Please tell me it isn’t true. | 请告诉我不是真的 |
[2:01:37] | Hobie… | 老霍 |
[2:01:38] | I called him a liar and threw him out. | 我骂他是骗子 把他赶出去了 |
[2:01:41] | Now, tell me. | 现在告诉我 |
[2:01:44] | Is it true? | 是真的吗 |
[2:01:47] | The painting? | 那幅画 |
[2:01:52] | Yes. | 是的 |
[2:01:56] | Do you know the history of that painting? | 你知道那幅画的历史吗 |
[2:02:00] | Do you know that it was his last painting because he died? | 你知道那是他的最后一幅画吗 因为他死了 |
[2:02:03] | Died in an explosion. A stupid accident. | 死于爆炸 愚蠢的事故 |
[2:02:09] | And one of the only things that survived, | 事故中唯一幸存下来的 |
[2:02:13] | like a miracle, | 仿佛是奇迹 |
[2:02:16] | was that little bird. | 就是那只小鸟 |
[2:02:18] | Like | 仿佛 |
[2:02:21] | nothing that had been painted before. | 与以前所有的画都不同 |
[2:02:28] | And somehow, miracle after miracle, | 不知怎的 一个又一个的奇迹后 |
[2:02:30] | it survives through centuries. | 它幸存了几个世纪 |
[2:02:36] | Until you. | 知道你出现 |
[2:02:41] | Hobie, I never meant… | 老霍 我从没想过… |
[2:02:45] | I didn’t know what it was at first. | 一开始我不知道它是什么 |
[2:02:48] | And then, I don’t even know why I kept it. | 然后我甚至不知道为什么把它留下了 |
[2:02:51] | I was just trying to… I was just trying to keep it safe. | 我只是想…我只是想保护它 |
[2:02:54] | It wasn’t yours to keep! | 它轮不到你来保护 |
[2:03:02] | My whole life, everything I’ve tried to do… | 我这一生 我所做的一切… |
[2:03:08] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[2:03:10] | I don’t know, maybe it’s ignoble | 我不知道 也许对物件 |
[2:03:12] | to care too much about objects. | 这么在乎不够体面 |
[2:03:16] | But, Theo… | 但是西奥 |
[2:03:20] | that painting, pulled from the fire… | 那幅画 从火场救出 |
[2:03:26] | passed down, saved, preserved… | 流传下来 保存下来 |
[2:03:29] | so it could be handed on. | 就是为了传承下去 |
[2:03:32] | And handed… | 不断传承… |
[2:03:38] | We die. | 我们会死 |
[2:03:40] | We all die. | 我们都会死 |
[2:03:44] | But to destroy, | 但是摧毁 |
[2:03:46] | to lose something | 遗失 |
[2:03:52] | that should have been immortal… | 本该不朽的东西… |
[2:04:18] | Is it lost? | 它遗失了吗 |
[2:04:30] | Hobie… | 老霍 |
[2:04:32] | I never meant you any harm. | 我从没想过要伤害你 |
[2:04:36] | Never. | 从没 |
[2:05:00] | Cheers. Happy for you two. | 干杯 为你们高兴 |
[2:05:02] | Thank you for coming. | 谢谢你能来 |
[2:05:03] | Come over and say hi to Anne. | 过来跟安妮打个招呼 |
[2:05:04] | I think she’s over there by the corner. | 她应该在那边拐角处 |
[2:05:17] | Everything okay? | 一切还好吗 |
[2:05:23] | The best thing that ever happened to her | 她这辈子最大的幸运 |
[2:05:24] | is when you came along. | 就是你出现了 |
[2:05:28] | Did your mother know, Platt? | 你妈妈早就知道吗 普拉特 |
[2:05:32] | She said from the beginning, it was just an infatuation. | 她从一开始就说了 那只是一时的迷恋 |
[2:05:37] | Women always love assholes, am I right? | 男人不坏 女人不爱 是吧 |
[2:05:46] | We need more drinks. | 我再去拿点酒 |
[2:06:06] | Which one is she? | 哪个是她 |
[2:06:08] | Is that her? | 是那个吗 |
[2:06:10] | Loveliest lady in the room. | 全场最漂亮的小姐 |
[2:06:14] | Go tell your lovely lady that you have to leave. | 去告诉你漂亮的小姐 你得走了 |
[2:06:16] | What are you doing here? | 你来这里干什么 |
[2:06:18] | I have a ticket for you, but we must go now. | 我给你准备了票 我们必须现在就走 |
[2:06:20] | – Where? – Amsterdam. | -去哪 -阿姆斯特丹 |
[2:06:22] | Why the fuck would I go to Amsterdam? | 我为什么要去阿姆斯特丹 |
[2:06:24] | ‘Cause you want it back. | 因为你想拿回它 |
[2:06:46] | – I’ll find you later, okay? – Yes. | -我回头再找你 好吗 -好 |
[2:06:50] | There you are. | 你来了 |
[2:06:52] | You must meet my godmother, | 你一定要见见我的教母 |
[2:06:53] | Anne de Larmessin. | 安妮·德·拉梅辛 |
[2:06:55] | What are you doing? | 你做什么 |
[2:07:01] | I’m going. | 我要走了 |
[2:07:03] | You can’t. There’s more photographs. | 你不能走 还要接着照相呢 |
[2:07:05] | I’m going to be away for a few days. | 我要离开几天 |
[2:07:08] | Make up an excuse for me. | 替我找个借口 |
[2:07:12] | Are you coming back? | 你会回来吗 |
[2:07:16] | Take care, Kitsey. | 保重 凯茨 |
[2:07:31] | Before and after. | 之前和之后 |
[2:07:34] | Everything is before and after. | 所有事都分为之前和之后 |
[2:07:38] | In the middle is the painting. | 中间是那幅画 |
[2:07:42] | The one thing you did. | 你做的唯一一件事 |
[2:07:45] | You crossed the border into another country. | 你越过边境进入了另一个国度 |
[2:07:50] | And now you can never go back. | 如今你再也回不去了 |
[2:07:54] | You cannot sell a painting like that, Potter. | 那样的画没办法卖 波特 |
[2:07:56] | It’s quickest way to get caught. | 简直就是找被抓 |
[2:07:59] | People with goods, they front you, | 有货的人先把货给你 |
[2:08:01] | hold painting as collateral. | 把画拿走作为抵押 |
[2:08:03] | You sell the goods, you give them their cut, | 你把货卖了 把分成给他们 |
[2:08:04] | painting is returned. | 画就还回来了 |
[2:08:06] | Who? | 是谁 |
[2:08:07] | Who took the painting? | 谁拿走了那幅画 |
[2:08:09] | A German guy I know. | 我认识的一个德国人 |
[2:08:10] | Deals in stolen art. Calls himself Sascha. | 买卖失窃艺术品 自称萨沙 |
[2:08:13] | Was involved in setting up the operation | 他和迈阿密那帮混蛋 |
[2:08:15] | with those Miami assholes. | 一起组织了业务 |
[2:08:17] | And then, he went missing. | 然后 他失踪了 |
[2:08:21] | Now Sascha is feeling heat from FBI raid. | 现在萨沙感到了联调局突袭的压力 |
[2:08:24] | So he is willing to offload it for cash. | 所以他愿意卖掉它换取现金 |
[2:08:37] | Glad to see you again, Potter. | 很高兴再次见到你 波特 |
[2:08:38] | You know, that’s not actually my name. | 其实这不是我的真名 |
[2:08:40] | So? | 那又怎样 |
[2:08:41] | Sascha is here with the painting. | 萨沙带着画来了 |
[2:08:44] | Victor got in touch, said he had a buyer. | 维克托跟他联系了 说有个买家 |
[2:08:47] | An American businessman. | 一个美国商人 |
[2:08:48] | And who’s this American businessman? | 这个美国商人是谁 |
[2:08:51] | That would be you. | 就是你啊 |
[2:08:57] | You want the painting back? | 你想拿回那幅画吗 |
[2:08:59] | Yes? | 想吗 |
[2:09:00] | Yes. | 想 |
[2:09:02] | I am going to do this. | 我要做这件事 |
[2:09:05] | I’m going to make everything right again. | 我要让一切重回正轨 |
[2:09:13] | 40,000. My money. | 四万块 我的钱 |
[2:09:15] | This they get to keep. | 这钱他们可以留下 |
[2:09:17] | That way, they don’t look so close at bank draft. | 这样他们就不会仔细检查银行汇票 |
[2:09:20] | By the time they realize is no good, we are long gone. | 等他们意识到汇票是假的 我们早跑了 |
[2:09:24] | Now story is, | 我们的说词是 |
[2:09:25] | you are based in New York, very rich man. | 你来自纽约 非常富有 |
[2:09:32] | Is just for show. | 摆摆样子而已 |
[2:10:53] | There’s someone in the back. | 后面有人 |
[2:11:07] | No one there. | 后面没人 |
[2:11:15] | Right, I’ll see you later. | 好 回头见 |
[2:11:36] | A lot of trouble, | 大费周章 |
[2:11:39] | but worth it, yes? | 但是值得 对吗 |
[2:11:42] | Yes. | 对 |
[2:11:43] | Merry Christmas. | 圣诞快乐 |
[2:12:01] | Don’t be a prick, Boris. | 别犯浑 鲍里斯 |
[2:12:12] | Do it over there. | 去那边动手 |
[2:13:15] | Carel Pietersz, | 卡雷尔·彼得斯 |
[2:13:17] | known as Fabritius, | 人称法布里蒂乌斯 |
[2:13:21] | born in Holland in 1622. | 1622年出生于荷兰 |
[2:13:25] | He’s only 32 years old, | 他只有32岁 |
[2:13:27] | but he’s already considered one of the greatest painters | 但他已被视为伟大画家时代中 |
[2:13:30] | in an age of great painters. | 最伟大的画家之一 |
[2:13:34] | He’s painting in his studio in Delft | 他在代尔夫特的画室作画时 |
[2:13:36] | when a nearby gunpowder store accidentally explodes. | 附近一家火药店意外爆炸 |
[2:13:43] | Neighbors pull a wooden panel from the rubble | 邻居们从废墟中拉出一块木板 |
[2:13:48] | and on the panel is painted a goldfinch. | 上面画着一只金翅雀 |
[2:13:56] | For hundreds of years, it is passed hand to hand. | 几百年来 它在人们手中传递下来 |
[2:14:02] | It survives. | 它幸存了 |
[2:14:06] | Until me. | 直到我出现 |
[2:14:13] | To have kept it shut up in the dark all these years. | 那么多年来一直把它关在黑暗中 |
[2:14:17] | A thing made of light. | 它是光的产物 |
[2:14:21] | That only lived in light. | 只在光明中生存 |
[2:14:26] | I would’ve given it back. | 我本来会还回去的 |
[2:14:29] | I swear. | 我发誓 |
[2:14:35] | But it was too late. | 但已为时晚矣 |
[2:14:39] | Things done that can never be undone. | 做过的事永远无法挽回 |
[2:14:45] | Things that come together. | 汇聚到一起的 |
[2:14:50] | And things that fall apart. | 以及分崩离析的 |
[2:16:11] | Stop. | 停下 |
[2:16:14] | You need to walk. | 你需要走路 |
[2:16:16] | Yes? | 好吗 |
[2:16:17] | All right. Okay. Come on. | 好了 来吧 |
[2:16:20] | All right. | 好了 |
[2:16:21] | Okay. | 好 |
[2:16:23] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[2:16:26] | There he is. That’s it. | 就这样 就这样 |
[2:16:33] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[2:16:34] | The Chinese boy, | 那个中国男孩 |
[2:16:36] | maybe he runs back to Sascha. | 也许他跑回去找萨沙了 |
[2:16:38] | Gyuri knew this place in Frankfurt | 古里知道萨沙以前用过 |
[2:16:40] | that Sascha used to use. | 法兰克福的一个地方 |
[2:16:42] | Place is like fortress. | 那地方就像个堡垒 |
[2:16:45] | Cameras, locks, pass-codes and shit. | 摄像头 门锁 密码之类的 |
[2:16:48] | Need army to get in. | 需要军队才能进去 |
[2:16:49] | Or police. | 或者警察 |
[2:16:53] | Eat. You should. | 吃吧 你应该吃 |
[2:16:57] | All right, so, problem is police need probable cause. | 好吧 问题是警察需要合理的理由 |
[2:17:01] | Gyuri has cousin, | 古里有个表亲 |
[2:17:03] | works in very expensive bar. | 在高档酒吧工作 |
[2:17:07] | Now he goes to the police | 他去找警察 |
[2:17:09] | and says he sees two Germans arguing, | 说他看见两个德国人争吵 |
[2:17:12] | and one of them leaves behind folder. | 然后其中一个落下一个文件夹 |
[2:17:15] | And inside the folder? | 文件夹里面呢 |
[2:17:17] | Photograph of Goldfinch, | 《金翅雀》的照片 |
[2:17:19] | newspaper articles, | 报纸文章 |
[2:17:20] | and FedEx envelope with Sascha’s address. | 还有印着萨沙地址的快递信封 |
[2:17:24] | Next day, is like movie. | 第二天就像电影一样 |
[2:17:26] | SWAT team fucking breaking down the door. | 特警队破门而入 |
[2:17:29] | I didn’t see it happen. I wish I had. | 我没亲眼见到 我真想看看 |
[2:17:31] | To see the look on Sascha’s face, | 看看被警察拖出去时 |
[2:17:33] | being dragged out. | 萨沙脸上的表情 |
[2:17:37] | And yes. | 是的 |
[2:17:41] | It is there. | 它在那里 |
[2:17:45] | Your bird. | 你的鸟 |
[2:17:48] | They find it | 他们找到它了 |
[2:17:49] | and it is safe. | 它安全了 |
[2:17:56] | You are welcome. | 不用谢 |
[2:17:58] | But there is more. | 不过还没说完 |
[2:18:00] | They find other paintings. | 他们找到了其它的画 |
[2:18:02] | Stolen paintings. | 失窃的画 |
[2:18:03] | And also a Rembrandt. | 还有一幅伦勃朗的画 |
[2:18:06] | Now drink more coffee. | 再喝点咖啡 |
[2:18:13] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[2:18:16] | Is important. | 这很重要 |
[2:18:19] | You talk about bad things you have done. | 你总在说自己做过的坏事 |
[2:18:23] | And you blame yourself. | 你责备自己 |
[2:18:27] | You wish… | 你希望 |
[2:18:31] | wish you were dead. | 自己一死了之 |
[2:18:36] | So we have done bad things. | 我们确实做过坏事 |
[2:18:40] | But maybe sometimes good can come from bad. | 但有时候坏事也许能成就好事 |
[2:18:47] | If you hadn’t… | 如果你没有… |
[2:18:48] | if I hadn’t… | 如果我没有… |
[2:18:51] | maybe none of these paintings would be found. | 那么也许这些画都不会被寻回 |
[2:18:54] | Maybe is… like… | 也许这就像 |
[2:18:59] | huge fucking weather system rolling over | 巨大的天气系统翻转 |
[2:19:03] | and we just get blown | 我们只是被卷入了 |
[2:19:04] | and maybe is fate or… | 也许这是命运 |
[2:19:11] | Why give name? | 为什么要找说法 |
[2:19:17] | Just… | 这就是 |
[2:19:20] | life. | 生活 |
[2:19:36] | Your bird is safely back in the world. | 你的鸟安全回到世间了 |
[2:19:39] | 多年前失窃的画作在阿姆斯特丹的排屋被找回 德国当局根据匿名举报突袭了”秘密画廊” | |
[2:19:46] | Happy Christmas, Potter. | 圣诞快乐 波特 |
[2:19:55] | Theo… | 西奥 |
[2:19:58] | there’s too much to see. | 可看的太多了 |
[2:20:02] | There’s The Anatomy Lesson. | 这是《解剖学课》 |
[2:20:03] | And we should see Frans Hals, too. | 我们也应该看看弗兰斯·哈尔斯的画 |
[2:20:12] | Look. | 看 |
[2:20:19] | I like this one. | 我喜欢这幅 |
[2:20:23] | The Dutch invented the microscope. | 荷兰人发明了显微镜 |
[2:20:26] | They wanted it all as detailed as possible. | 他们希望细节尽可能清晰 |
[2:20:29] | Even the tiniest things mean something. | 即使是最微小的东西也有意义 |
[2:20:33] | Like that wilted leaf there. | 就像那片枯萎的叶子 |
[2:20:35] | That’s the painter sending you a secret message | 那是画家给你传递的秘密信息 |
[2:20:38] | telling you things don’t last. | 告诉你事物不会长久 |
[2:21:11] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[2:21:12] | This is the one I was talking about. | 这就是我说的那幅画 |
[2:21:21] | This is the painting I love most. | 这是我最喜欢的一幅画 |