英文名称:The End of the Affair
年代:1999
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:10] | This is a diary of… | 这个日记是有关于 |
[02:15] | …hate. | 怨恨 |
[02:21] | And perhaps I wouldn’t be writing it… | 如果不是哪根筋不对 |
[02:24] | … if some devil hadn’t made me stop him that night in the rain. | 那晚在雨中阻止他, 也许我就不会写下来 |
[02:31] | You want to drown, Henry? | 亨利,你想要被淹死吗? |
[02:36] | I wanted a bit of air. | 我需要点新鲜空气 |
[02:39] | How nice to see you, Bendrix. | 班德瑞克斯,你好 |
[02:41] | How Iong has it been? A year? | 多久没见了?一年了吗? |
[02:44] | June 1 944. | 自1944年六月 |
[02:47] | As Iong as that? | 从那时开始? |
[02:49] | How’s Sarah? | 莎拉好吗? |
[02:51] | She’s out and about somewhere. | 她出去了 |
[02:54] | She at the cinema? | 她在戏院吗? |
[02:57] | No, she never goes. | 不,她从不去戏院 |
[03:01] | Good night, Henry. | 亨利,晚安 |
[03:03] | You shouId go home before you catch your death. | 你应该在没有病发前回家 |
[03:09] | Is something wrong? | 有什么不对吗? |
[03:15] | Let me take you home, Henry. | 亨利,我带你回家吧 |
[03:20] | Or perhaps I wouldn’t be writing this… | 如果我知道要恨谁 |
[03:23] | … if I had known then who I hated. | 也许我不该写 |
[03:25] | Was it Henry? Was it his wife, Sarah? | 是亨利吗? 还是他太太莎拉吗? |
[03:30] | Or was it some other, who was yet to be revealed to me? | 还是我不知道而另有其人? |
[03:36] | Sarah? | 莎拉 |
[03:44] | See, she’s out stllI. | 看到了吗?她还没回来 |
[03:54] | Come upstairs. | 上楼来 |
[04:18] | Come in. Let me get you a drink. | 进来让我帮你弄点喝的 |
[04:20] | Whiskey, thank you. | 威士忌,谢谢 |
[04:33] | So what’s troubllng you, Henry? | 亨利,什么事困扰著你? |
[04:37] | Sarah. | 莎拉 |
[04:50] | She’s out for a waIk now, Bendrix. | 她出去散步了,班德瑞克斯 |
[04:57] | A waIk. | 散步 |
[04:59] | Well, she aIways was a great waIker. | 她向来很喜欢散步 |
[05:16] | JeaIousy’s a terribIe thing. | 忌妒是很可怕的 |
[05:19] | Well, you know you can trust me, Henry. | 亨利,你能相信我的 |
[05:24] | You know, I went so far… | 你知道,我竟然 |
[05:27] | …as to get the name of a private detective. | 去打听了一个私家侦探的名字 |
[05:31] | Do you think she’s seeing someone? | 她有外遇吗? |
[05:35] | -Of course. You think me a fooI? -No. | -当然,你以为我是白痴 -亨利,不 |
[05:39] | I don’t think you’re a fooI. | 你不是白痴 |
[05:42] | -You mean you think it’s possibIe? -Of course. | -你觉得有可能吗? -当然 |
[05:44] | Sarah’s human. | 莎拉也是人啊 |
[05:49] | I can’t sIeep. | 我睡不著 |
[05:53] | I keep picking up this wretched card. | 一直拿起这张烂名片 |
[06:01] | Burn it. | 烧掉它 |
[06:02] | -I wish I couId. -Then go see– Who? Savage? | -希望可以 -萨维其,去看他是谁好吗? |
[06:06] | And sit where all the other jeaIous husbands sit? | 坐在妒火中烧丈夫的席位上? |
[06:10] | Do you think they have a waiting room… | 班德瑞克斯,他们有候客室吗 |
[06:12] | …where we see each other’s faces as we pass? | 那种路过就能看到对方的地方? |
[06:15] | Why not Iet me go, Henry? | 亨利,怎么不让我去? |
[06:18] | -You? -Yes. | -你? -对 |
[06:20] | I couId pretend to be a jeaIous Iover. | 我能假装是为爱忌妒的情人 |
[06:23] | JeaIous Iovers are Iess ridicuIous than jeaIous husbands. | 忌妒的情人比忌妒的丈夫好些 |
[06:27] | They’re supported by the weight of llterature. | 文学里都赞同这种角色 |
[06:29] | Tragic, never comic. Think of Trollus. | 具悲剧性, 一点也没有喜感想想特洛伊勒斯 |
[06:33] | I shan’t Iose my amour-propre when I interview Mr. Savage. | 我访问萨维其先生时 不该丢掉我的虚荣心 |
[06:38] | It’s ridicuIous. One’s friend can’t spy on one’s wife… | 真是太荒谬了. 一个人没办法透过朋友监视他的老婆 |
[06:40] | -…and pretend to be her Iover. -What eIse are friends for? | -又叫那个朋友当她的爱人 -朋友用来干嘛的? |
[06:44] | You’re a good chap, Bendrix. All I needed was to taIk, cIear my head. | 班德瑞克斯,你真不错. 我只需要谈谈,理清头绪 |
[06:48] | The name was Savage, and the address was 3 Vigo Passage. | 名字叫萨维其地址是维哥路3号 |
[06:51] | Forget what I said. Doesn’t make sense. I’ll see a doctor. | 忘记我告诉过你的话没道理, 我去看医生 |
[06:57] | That was the door. Sarah’s home. | 有人关门,莎拉进来了 |
[06:59] | It’s the maid. She’s been to the pictures. | 是女佣,她去看电影了 |
[07:02] | No, it was Sarah’s step. | 不,是莎拉的脚步声 |
[07:08] | Sarah, darllng. | 莎拉,亲爱的 |
[07:14] | You. Is that you? | 你…是你吗? |
[07:15] | Been out for a waIk? | 出去散步吗? |
[07:16] | -Yes. -It’s a fllthy night. | -是 -今晚天候不好 |
[07:18] | You’re wet through, Sarah. You’ll catch your death of coId. | 莎拉,你湿透了. 有天你会感染致命的感冒 |
[07:23] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[07:30] | Their marriage was conventional, like their well-appointed house. | 他们的婚姻很传统, 就像他们精致的房子 |
[07:34] | And I liked them both the first night we met… | 我喜欢他们俩 我们相遇的第一个夜晚 |
[07:38] | … drinking bad South African sherry because of the war in Spain. | 因为西班牙的战争 喝著廉价的南非雪利酒 |
[07:43] | Good evening. May I take your hat? | 先生, 晚安. 要我来帮你拿帽子? |
[07:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:46] | Mr. Mlles is upstairs. | 迈尔斯先生在楼上 |
[07:55] | Sherry, sir? | 先生,雪利酒吗? |
[07:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:58] | She seemed restless. | 她看起来很不安 |
[08:01] | In the summer of 1 939, the whole of London was restless… | 在1939年夏天,整个伦敦都很不安 |
[08:06] | … in the face of the coming storm. | …面对即将来临的风暴 |
[08:24] | Sarah, this is our neighbour, the novellst chap. | 莎拉,我们的邻居, 一位小说家 |
[08:27] | What’s a novellst doing here? | 小说家在这干嘛? |
[08:29] | -Research. -On what? | -做研究 -研究什么 |
[08:30] | On your husband. | 你丈夫 |
[08:31] | I’m writing a character who works for the ministry. | 我想写一位在政府部门工作的角色 |
[08:35] | I need to know his habits. What he drinks at bedtime– | 我需要知道他的习惯睡前喝什么酒 |
[08:38] | -Cocoa. -And when. | -可可 -什么时候喝 |
[08:39] | EIeven o’cIock. | 十一点,对吗,莎拉? |
[08:41] | UnIess we’re entertaining. | 除非我们在宴客 |
[08:43] | WouId you excuse your character? | 容我失陪一下? |
[08:45] | -The ministry needs him. -UnfortunateIy, it does. | -部长要找人了 -很不幸,是的 |
[08:50] | -So tell me. -What? | -告诉我 -什么事? |
[08:51] | His secrets. | 他的秘密 |
[08:52] | Henry’s a good man. He has no secrets. | 亨利是个好人.好人没有秘密 |
[08:55] | I was afraid you’d say that. Goodness has so llttIe fictionaI vaIue. | 我怕你这么说. 老天, 一点也没有小说价值 |
[08:59] | What does have fictionaI vaIue? | 什么才有小说价值? |
[09:01] | -A minister of home security. -My husband’s fictionaI? | -部长的内务安全状况 -你说我丈夫是虚构的? |
[09:04] | I’m saying he couId be. In the right hands. | 我是说有可能, 如果是正确的推论 |
[09:07] | Can we head away from the service for a moment? | 天啊,这太危险了这里耳目众多 |
[09:09] | Change the subject? | 你是说换个话题? |
[09:11] | -I meant fresh air actually. -Of course. | -我是说新鲜空气 -当然 |
[09:16] | -How Iong have you been married? -Is your character married? | -你结婚多久了? -你的角色是已婚吗? |
[09:19] | Yes, he’s been married happlly for 1 0 years. | 是的,已婚十年而且很美满 |
[09:21] | Henry’s a perfect modeI then. We’ve been married 1 0 years. | 亨利是个很好的榜样. 我们已经结婚十年了 |
[09:24] | You know that happiness is even harder to write than goodness. | 你知道幸福比美好更难写 |
[09:28] | Henry prefers habit to happiness. | 亨利比较喜欢习惯胜过美满 |
[09:35] | We were discussing the house, darllng. | 亲爱的,我们在讨论房子 |
[09:39] | Let me fllI that for you. | 让我帮你再装一杯 |
[09:41] | -It’s a IoveIy house. -My wife found it. | -房子真不错 -我太太找的 |
[09:44] | Your wife is charming. | 你太太很美 |
[09:46] | -She’s a great heIp to me. -Yes, I’m sure. | -她帮我很多 -我想一定是 |
[09:48] | Haven’t they made a picture of one of your books? | 他们已经帮你的一部书拍成片子, 是吗? |
[09:51] | Yes, it’s pIaying at the RiaIto. I’ll take you both. | 是的, 在里奥托上映.我带你们俩去 |
[09:55] | I’m far too busy for pictures, I’m afraid. | 恐怕太忙,没办法去 |
[09:57] | ShouId I note that? | 我该记下来吗? |
[09:58] | Make sure your character’s never home before 1 0. | 确定你的角色十点前不会回家 |
[10:00] | -Come out, Henry. For once? -I can’t, darllng. | -亨利,出去走走好吗? -亲爱的,你知道我没办法 |
[10:04] | But you go. Take her, Bendrix. With Sarah, one has to insist. | 但你可以去.班德瑞克斯,带她去. 莎拉,我坚持 |
[10:19] | -It’s not what I wrote, you know. -You can’t keep saying that. | -你知道这不是我写的 -你不能一直这么说 |
[10:22] | It’s true. | 真的 |
[10:24] | I know. | 我知道 |
[10:35] | There was one scene you did write. | 但你真的写对一件事 |
[10:37] | Describe it. | 说说看 |
[10:39] | Where he offered her onions with her meaI. | 他给她的餐点有洋葱 |
[10:41] | She refused because her husband didn’t llke the smell. And he got angry. | 她拒绝了因为她丈夫不喜欢这种味道. 他生气了 |
[10:47] | And why did he get angry? | 他为什么生气? |
[10:52] | He didn’t want to think of her going home to him. | 他不想她跟她丈夫回家 |
[11:02] | Does Henry llke onions? | 亨利喜欢洋葱吗? |
[11:05] | No. | 不喜欢 |
[11:30] | I’m in Iove, you know. | 我恋爱了 |
[11:34] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[11:42] | Susan? | 苏珊? |
[12:43] | Come upstairs. | 到楼上去 |
[14:27] | Sarah? | 莎拉? |
[14:35] | One minute, dear. | 亲爱的,等一下 |
[14:40] | What if he heard? | 要是他听见了怎么办? |
[14:42] | He wouIdn’t recognize the sound. | 他认不出这声音 |
[14:59] | -Sarah, been eating onions? -Sorry, darllng. | -莎拉,你吃过洋葱吗? -亲爱的,抱歉 |
[15:03] | Bendrix, how was the picture? | 班德瑞克斯,片子如何? |
[15:05] | Up to scratch? | 好看吗? |
[15:09] | And, of course, as she began to love me… | 当然,她开始爱我… |
[15:12] | …she learnt to deceive Henry. | …她学会欺骗亨利 |
[15:15] | So why was I upset to find that two years later… | 而两年后她又欺骗他 |
[15:19] | …she was deceiving him again? | 我有什么好生气的? |
[15:32] | Mr. Bendrix, I assume we’re discussing Mrs. Bendrix. | 班德瑞克斯, 我假设我们谈的是班德瑞克斯女士 |
[15:36] | Not exactIy. She’s the wife of a friend of mine. | 不是,她是我朋友的太太 |
[15:39] | Perhaps you and the Iady are intimate? | 也许你和她很亲密? 没有 |
[15:43] | I’ve onIy seen her once since 1 944. | 从1944年后我只见过她一次 |
[15:47] | I don’t understand. You said this was a watching case. | 我不懂. 这只是个监视的案子 |
[15:55] | Can’t one Iove or hate as Iong as that? | 一个人爱恨不能这么久吗? |
[15:58] | There’s nothing discreditabIe about jeaIousy. | 班德瑞克斯先生忌妒并不可耻 |
[16:02] | I aIways saIute it as a mark of true Iove. | 我跟对真爱一样敬重它 |
[16:05] | I’ve come on behaIf of the husband. He thinks she’s deceiving him. | 我受丈夫之托而来他认为她红杏出墙 |
[16:09] | She has secrets. | 她有秘密 |
[16:11] | Secrets. | 秘密 |
[16:13] | There may be nothing in it, of course. | 当然,可能也没什么 |
[16:15] | In my experience, Mr. Bendrix, there aImost invariabIy is. | 班德瑞克斯先生,据我的经验一定是有 |
[16:22] | Shall we report to you or the husband? | 我的人要跟你报告, 还是要跟她丈夫报告? |
[16:24] | To me. He must know nothing about it. | 跟我报告,不能让他知道 |
[16:29] | A most interesting case. | 真是有趣的案子 |
[16:32] | All my men use great discretion. I wllI put one on it immediateIy… | 我的人都很谨慎, 我马上派个人侦查 |
[16:36] | …and he wllI do his damnedest to put your mind at rest. | 他会尽力让你放心 |
[16:42] | Or shouId I say, the husband’s? | 或是我该说让那位丈夫放心? |
[17:07] | Good. | 很好 |
[17:08] | Yes, it was good to see you. | 对,很高兴能见到你 |
[17:11] | Yes, how Iong has it been? Two years. As Iong as that? | 对,多久了? 两年. 两年了? |
[17:15] | You were aIways better at anniversaries than me. | 你记性比我好 |
[17:19] | You want to meet? Well, whatever for? | 你要见面吗? 是要干嘛? |
[17:24] | Not tomorrow, no. I’ve got this articIe. | 明天不行,我有文章要写 |
[17:28] | Wednesday? Let me check. | 星期三? 让我看看 |
[17:35] | WouId Thursday do? | 星期四行吗? |
[17:38] | Good. The Park Lane HoteI at 1 ? | 很好. 一点,公园路旅馆好吗? |
[17:56] | It was odd to think that during the war… | 想想,战争期间 |
[17:59] | … we could be so totally at peace. | 我们能够这么和平,真是奇怪 |
[18:02] | There were nights when I wished those sirens would never end. | 好几个晚上我真希望那些 警报从此不会结束 |
[18:34] | Tell me again. | 再告诉我一次 |
[18:36] | I Iove you. | 我爱你 |
[18:41] | And I aIways wllI. | 永远爱你 |
[18:59] | I’m sorry I’m Iate. I came by tube, but it was crowded. | 抱歉,我迟到了,我搭地铁,太挤了 |
[19:03] | Well, taxi’s quicker. | 计程车比较快 |
[19:04] | I know. Didn’t want to be quick. | 我知道,我不想太快 |
[19:09] | I booked a tabIe at PaImer’s. | 我在帕莫麦尔订了位子 |
[19:16] | Can’t we stay here? | 我们不能待在这儿? |
[19:18] | Well, it’s where we aIways used to go. | 我们不是都去那儿吗? |
[19:21] | But, you see, I’ve never been back there. | 你知道,我没回去过那里 |
[19:25] | It was never your restaurant, was it? | 你不喜欢那家餐厅,对吗? |
[19:27] | So you stllI go there? | 你还去吗? |
[19:28] | Yeah, two or three times a week. It’s convenient. | 对,一星期二至三次. 很方便 |
[19:33] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[19:42] | -Sorry about that. -It’s all right. | -抱歉 -先生,没关系 |
[20:05] | A pIeasure to see you, sir. It’s been so Iong, I thought you’d forgotten us. | 很高兴见到你,先生 好久不见我以为你忘了我们 |
[20:10] | I was afraid you’d say that. | 我怕你这么说 |
[20:12] | And you, ma’am. It’s been a Iong time too. | 女士,你呢. 好久不见了 |
[20:14] | Two years, AIfred. | 阿佛列,两年了 |
[20:20] | -There. -Thank you. | -拿去 -谢谢 |
[20:34] | Why did you lle? | 你为什么说谎? |
[20:36] | -About my coming here? -Yes. | -说我来这的事? -对 |
[20:39] | Why did you want to meet? | 你为什么想要见面? |
[20:44] | I wanted to ask you about Henry. | 我要问你亨利的事 |
[20:49] | I’m worried about him. | 我担心他 |
[20:51] | How did you find him the other night? Was he strange at all? | 前几天晚上你怎么找到他的, 他很奇怪吗? |
[20:55] | I didn’t notice anything wrong. | 我没注意到有什么不对 |
[20:58] | I wanted to ask you, but I know you’re very busy… | 我要问你…我知道你很忙 |
[21:02] | …whether you couId Iook him up occasionally. I think he’s IoneIy. | 你能不能偶尔查查他一下. 他很寂寞 |
[21:06] | With you? | 跟你? |
[21:08] | You know he’s never really noticed me. Not for years. | 你知道他从没真正注意我 |
[21:14] | Maybe you’ve given him reason. | 几年来一直这样 |
[21:17] | What reason couId I give? | 也许你已经给他理由这么做 |
[21:23] | What reason did you give me? | 你能给我什么理由? |
[21:29] | None. | 没有 |
[21:34] | -Are you on a new book? -Of course. | -你写新书吗? -当然 |
[21:35] | It’s not about us? The one you threatened to write? | 不是写我们的事吧? 你威胁要写的那部 |
[21:38] | A book takes a year to write. It’s too hard work for revenge. | 花一年时间写要报复太难了 |
[21:42] | If you knew how llttIe you had to revenge. | 如果你能认清报复的根本不值得 |
[21:44] | No, I’m joking. We had a good time together. | 我开玩笑的 对, 我们在一起真的很愉快 |
[21:48] | We’re aduIts, and we knew it had to end sometime. | 都是成年人知道这早晚都得结束 |
[21:51] | And now we can Iunch and taIk about Henry. | 现在我们能一起午餐谈论亨利 |
[22:04] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[22:05] | This was stupid. I really shouIdn’t have called. | 真是愚蠢我真的不该打电话 |
[22:09] | That cough needs attending to. | 咳嗽要看医生 |
[22:11] | It’s onIy a cough. | 只是咳嗽 |
[22:14] | Goodbye, Maurice. | 莫里斯,再见 |
[22:23] | Your menu, sir. | 先生,你的菜单 |
[22:29] | I’m sorry. You have to reallze… | 抱歉,但你要知道我 |
[22:31] | …I’m jeaIous of everything that moves. I’m jeaIous of the rain. | 忌妒每个会动的东西, 我忌妒雨 |
[22:35] | How can you be jeaIous of the rain? | 你怎么能忌妒雨? |
[22:55] | Where did you get it? | 你这疤痕哪儿来的? |
[22:57] | Spain. That was my war, I’m afraid. | 西班牙. 我想这次是我的战役 |
[23:01] | It finished me off for this one. | 这让我提早退役 |
[23:03] | You were shot. How romantic. | 你受枪伤,真浪漫 |
[23:06] | Not really. They put a pin inside me. | 也不见得我的身体内有根固定针 |
[23:10] | I wondered about the llmp. CouId I grow to Iove it? | 我在想是否和跛足有关 而我能逐渐喜欢它吗? |
[23:13] | And have you? | 你有吗? |
[23:15] | I have never, ever Ioved anyone as much as you. | 我只爱你一个 |
[23:39] | Yes? | 怎样? |
[23:42] | Mr. Parkis to see you, sir. | 先生,帕金斯先生要见你 |
[23:45] | Show him in. | 请他进来 |
[23:46] | This way, pIease. | 这边请 |
[23:53] | I’ll be with you in a minute, Mr…? | 我马上过来,你是 |
[23:54] | The name’s Parkis. | 帕金斯 |
[23:57] | Mr. Savage’s man. | 萨维其先生的手下 |
[23:59] | Sit down. Take a cigarette. | 请坐,抽根烟 |
[24:02] | No, not on duty, sir. UnIess for purposes of conceaIment. | 不了,先生值勤时我不抽烟, 当然,除非是为了做掩饰 |
[24:06] | But you’re not on duty now. | 但你现在没有值勤 |
[24:08] | Well, in a manner of speaking, yes, sir. | 某种程度而言我在值勤 |
[24:11] | I’ve been relleved for haIf an hour whlle I make my report. | 我出来半个小时做报告 |
[24:16] | So there’s something to report? | 有事要报告吗? |
[24:19] | It’s not quite a bIank sheet, sir. | 不会什么都没有,先生 |
[24:23] | Have we met somewhere before? | 我们是否在哪见过? |
[24:27] | I don’t think so. | 应该没有 |
[24:35] | Like I say, sir, it’s not quite a bIank sheet. | 就像我说的,先生, 不是完全没有进展 |
[24:38] | But then it never is. | 否则就什么都没有 |
[24:42] | Me and my boy, we followed– | 我和我的小子我们跟踪… |
[24:45] | Your boy? | 你的小子? |
[24:47] | My son, sir. | 我儿子 |
[24:50] | I’m teaching him the business. | 我教他生意怎么做 |
[24:53] | I mean, a boy can be usefuI in all sorts of ways. | 小孩很好用 |
[24:57] | On the day in question, the party went by tube to PiccadllIy… | 目标当天搭地铁到毕卡帝利 |
[25:02] | …and proceeded to the Park Lane HoteI. | 再转站到公园路旅馆 |
[25:04] | She seemed quite agitated. | 她好像很兴奋 |
[25:08] | She met a gentIeman with whom she was obviousIy quite cIose… | 跟个好像她很亲密的人见面 |
[25:11] | …since they greeted each other with an affectionate Iack of ceremony. | 因为他们打招呼的方式很热情 |
[25:15] | And at one point… | 从那点判断… |
[25:17] | …aIthough I cannot be certain, heId hands aIong the bar. | 虽然我不太敢断定他们牵手进去酒吧 |
[25:21] | They heId hands? | 他们牵手? |
[25:23] | Yes, sir. The gentIeman pushed the Iady’s gIass towards her… | 是的, 那位先生把女士的杯子推给她 |
[25:28] | …and the hand sort of stayed there for some time, sir… | 然后…手留在那儿, |
[25:32] | … which indicates a squeeze of that nature. | 好像透露了一些线索 |
[25:36] | And after a short conversation, they proceeded to a restaurant called… | 聊了一下子他们便前往餐厅 |
[25:41] | …PaImer’s, which was difficuIt to gain access to, with the boy and all. | 叫做…帕麦尔餐听, 而我和我的小子很难接近 |
[25:45] | I observed them through the window. | 但我透过窗户观察他们 |
[25:48] | And after a while, the lady left… | 过了一会儿女士离开了 |
[25:51] | … labouring, it seemed to me, under great emotion. | 看起来像是… 很痛苦, 情绪很激动 |
[25:56] | Great emotion. You’re sure of that? | 情绪激动? 你确定 |
[25:59] | Without doubt, sir. | 绝对是 |
[26:00] | Then I followed her down Charing Cross Road to Maiden Lane… | 然后我跟踪她到斯特兰德街处女街… |
[26:04] | … where she turned into a church for what I presume was a good cry. | 她进了教堂我只能假设她去放声大哭 |
[26:10] | -She’s not a Roman, is she, sir? -No. | -她不是罗马人吧? -不是 |
[26:13] | Thought not. She didn’t kneel, sir, but sat. | 我想也不是, 她没跪下,而是坐著 |
[26:17] | And from the angIe of her face, I couId tell tears were an issue. | 从看到她脸的角度我看得出来她流泪了 |
[26:22] | Forgive the personaI touch. | 原谅我个人的情绪 |
[26:24] | Of course. | 当然 |
[26:27] | You see, I llke the Iady, the party in question. | 我喜欢这位女士我们的目标 |
[26:30] | As did I, but you were wrong about the hands. | 跟我一样但你对手的部份看错了 |
[26:33] | The hands, sir? | 手的部份? |
[26:36] | We never so much as touched hands. | 我们手不会触碰这么多 |
[26:40] | Oh, dear. | 老天 |
[26:41] | I’ve made a fooI of myseIf. | 我真的没想到 |
[26:43] | Well, Sarah has that effect. Mr. Savage shouId’ve introduced us. | 莎拉有这种魅力, 萨维其先生该介绍我们 |
[26:48] | Oh, no, sir. | 先生,不 |
[26:50] | It was up to me. | 这都怪我 |
[26:52] | Well, it’s not serious. | 没有这么严重 |
[26:53] | If you Iook at it from the outside, it’s quite funny. | 如果你从外面看真的很好玩 |
[26:57] | But I’m on the inside, sir. | 但我在里面 |
[27:00] | It’s not Mr. Savage I’m worried about so much. It’s my boy, sir. | 我担心的不是萨维其先生 而是我的儿子 |
[27:05] | When I tell him you’re the husband…. | 当我告诉他你是她丈夫 |
[27:07] | But you’re wrong. | 但你错了 |
[27:09] | I’m acting on the husband’s behaIf. | 我是受了她丈夫之托 |
[27:11] | So you’ve requested an investigation of yourseIf? | 所以你被要求调查你自己? |
[27:14] | It’s an interesting paradox. | 真矛盾 |
[27:16] | Who’s the wronged party then? | 恕我直言那谁会是调查目标? |
[27:22] | Pardon me, sir. | 先生,对不起? |
[27:25] | I am sIow in such matters. | 我对这种事很迟钝 |
[27:27] | You’ve both been suppIanted in that Iady’s affections by– | 你和她丈夫都被排挤? |
[27:30] | Another? | 第三者? |
[27:34] | Try to think of it the way I do, Mr. Parkis. | 好好想想我思考的方式, 帕金斯先生 |
[27:38] | JeaIousy can onIy exist with desire. | |
[27:42] | You are on a hunt for desire. | 你猎寻欲望 |
[27:45] | Just regard yourseIf as its servant. | 把你自己当作仆人 |
[27:49] | Of course, sir. That’s my job. | 当然, 这是我的工作 |
[27:52] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:05] | The vicarious Iover, Parkis. | 帕金斯,委托的情人 |
[28:08] | -Good night, sir. -Good night. | -先生,晚安 -晚安 |
[28:18] | I wondered how much of her he could reclaim for me. | 我不知他还能报告我她多少事 |
[28:22] | For a moment, I wished I was him… | 有时候,我希望我是他 |
[28:25] | …shining his searchlight around her world. | 在她的世界中打著探照灯 |
[28:34] | I am a jealous man. | 我是个善妒的男人 |
[28:50] | -I’m jeaIous of this stocking. -Why? | -我忌妒这袜子 -为什么? |
[28:53] | Because it does what I can’t. | 因为我没办法这么做 |
[28:56] | Kisses your whoIe Ieg. | 它吻你整只腿 |
[29:01] | And I’m jeaIous of this button. | 我忌妒这个钮扣 |
[29:04] | Poor, innocent button. | 可怜,无辜的钮扣 |
[29:06] | It’s not innocent at all. | 一点也不无辜 |
[29:09] | It’s with you all day. I’m not. | 跟你整天在一起而我却不能 |
[29:18] | I suppose you’re jeaIous of my shoes. | 你也忌妒我鞋子 |
[29:21] | Why? | 为什么? |
[29:24] | Because they’ll take you away from me. | 因为它们把你从我身边带走 |
[29:28] | I measured love by the extent of my jealousy. | 我用忌妒的程度衡量我的爱 |
[29:32] | And as my jealousy was infinite… | 而我的忌妒无限 |
[29:33] | Anyone who Ioves is jeaIous. | 任何陷入爱情的人都忌妒 |
[29:35] | …my love should be infinite too. | 我的爱也无限 |
[29:37] | I hate you being unhappy. | 我讨厌你不开心 |
[29:39] | -I don’t mind what makes you happy. -If I sIept with someone eIse? | -能让你开心的事我都不介意 -如果我跟别人睡觉? |
[29:43] | That’s neither here nor there. I want you to be happy. | 这与此事无关我要你快乐, 就是这样 |
[29:46] | Maybe you’d want to do the same. | 也许你要个你也能这么做的借口 |
[29:47] | -I never wouId. -But you do. | -我不会 -但你做了 |
[29:50] | -Do what? -SIeep with someone eIse. | -做什么? -跟别人睡 |
[29:53] | You mean Henry? How can anyone be jeaIous of Henry? | 你是指亨利? 怎么有人能忌妒亨利? |
[29:56] | He has you. I don’t. | 他拥有你,我没有 |
[29:59] | We inhabit the same house, that’s all. You know that. | 我们住在同一屋檐下,就这样 |
[30:02] | I’m the shadow he waIks around. | 你很清楚我只是他的影子 |
[30:05] | And I Iove you. | 但我爱你 |
[30:06] | I’d rather see you dead than with another man. | 我宁愿死或看你死 也不愿看你和别的男人在一起 |
[30:08] | I wllI never, ever be with another man! | 我不会跟别的男人在一起 |
[30:12] | You may see me dead, but I wllI never be with another man. | 你也许会看我死 但我绝不会和别的男人在一起 |
[30:16] | We shouId go to the sheIter. | 我们该去防空洞 |
[30:18] | If a bomb hit, think of what wouIdn’t happen. | 如果炸弹炸到我们 想想什么事不会发生 |
[30:20] | You wouIdn’t waIk back to Henry. I’d never imagine another Iover. | 你不会回到亨利身边. 我不会想另一个情人 |
[30:26] | -My jeaIousy wouId end. -WouId that make you happy? | -我的忌妒会结束 -这会让你快乐吗? |
[31:57] | Do you belleve me now? | 你现在相信我了吗? |
[32:05] | But, sadly, I didn’t believe her. | 但可悲地,我不相信她 |
[32:08] | There was a devil in my mind that would never let me. | 我心中有个恶魔让我从不相信她 |
[32:11] | And now I had Parkis’ boy playing the devil’s game. | 现在我有帕金斯的小孩玩恶魔的游戏 |
[33:52] | My boy managed to gain access, sir. RemarkabIy usefuI, he can be. | 我的儿子已设法接近了目标. 他非常有用 |
[33:56] | I call that Exhibit A. | 我称作证物”A |
[33:58] | They say a promise is forever, but I don’t know if I can keep this one. | 他们说承诺就是永远, 但我不知道这承诺是不是永远 |
[34:02] | He killed me with jealousy. You’re killing me with love. | 他用忌妒杀死我,你用爱杀死我 |
[34:05] | So he’s got the scent too, Parkis. | 帕金斯也有气味 |
[34:09] | -What scent? -The scent of Iove. | -什么气味? -爱的气味 |
[34:11] | StaIking it llke a retriever. | 像只猎狗一样偷偷跟踪 |
[34:14] | Well, he’s remarkabIy persistent, sir. | 他非常有毅力 |
[34:17] | He observed the party in question in a state of partiaI undress… | 他观察目标只剩局部内衣 |
[34:21] | …with an unidentified maIe. | 跟个不知名的男子 |
[34:23] | -Where? -In the bedroom, sir. | -在哪里? -卧室 |
[34:26] | The maIe party cIosed the door, and my boy made his exit. | 男的关起门我儿子出来 |
[34:29] | The impllcation, and I think you wouId agree, is that intimacy was… | 我想你会同意我的想法这暗示… |
[34:35] | …imminent. | 他们即将发生亲密关系 |
[34:36] | Indeed. Who is he? | 的确是,他是谁? |
[34:38] | Here is where our progress was made. | 这里就是现场 |
[34:41] | My boy gIanced at the appointment book in the front hallway. | 当我儿子离开时 他看了一下前廊的记事簿 |
[34:45] | The party in question had a dental appointment at 3.:30 the following day. | 目标在隔天三点半约了牙医 |
[34:49] | And in fact, she visited, at 3.:30, a premises on 65 Cedar Road… | 事实上,三点半,她去了细达路65号 |
[34:54] | … where no dentist’s sign was in evidence. | 而那里根本没有牙医 |
[35:14] | A Mr. Smythe owns the premises, sir. | 房子的主人是位史密斯先生 |
[35:16] | Smythe. With a ”Y”? | 中间是”Y”的史密斯? |
[35:19] | Yes, sir. S-M-Y-T-H-E. | 是的,SMYTHE |
[35:29] | Though we have no evidence of intimacy… | 虽然没有亲密的证据 |
[35:32] | …the impllcation is cIearIy there. | 但这暗示的很明显 |
[35:34] | Well, how is it there? | 那儿如何? |
[35:36] | The fictitious dentaI appointment. | 为何会有假的牙医约诊时间? |
[35:41] | Exhibit B. | 证物”B |
[35:43] | My boy took that. | 我儿子拍的 |
[35:47] | And the party in question emerged two hours later. | 目标二小时后出现 |
[35:50] | Passage of time being ampIy sufficient for intimacy to have taken pIace. | 根据停留的时间 足够判定发生过亲密关系 |
[35:55] | The courts generally demand at Ieast an hour, sir. | 法院至少要求一小时 |
[35:59] | My boy wouId have photographed her re-emergence… | 我儿子本来能提供她再次出现的相片 |
[36:02] | …but for the unfortunate occurrence of him falling asIeep. | 但很不幸的,他睡著了 |
[36:12] | Luckily, sir, the party in question mistook him for an abandoned urchin… | 但很幸运的,目标误把他当作流浪儿童 |
[36:17] | …and led him to the tube station. | 摇醒他带他到最近的地铁站 |
[36:19] | So the time of re-emergence is definitely established… | 所以出现的时间绝对成立 |
[36:22] | …as was an acquaintance, which may have its uses in the future. | 以后可以当成证据 |
[36:26] | ShouId I confront him llke an injured husband? | 我该走进去像个受伤的丈夫面对他吗? |
[36:29] | I’m against it, sir. It compllcates things in the courts. | 我反对法庭上会使得事情更复杂 |
[36:33] | This wllI never reach court. | 不会上法庭 |
[36:35] | -An amicabIe settIement. -There’s Iack of interest. | -友善的安抚. -没有兴趣 |
[36:38] | One can hardIy make a fuss about a man called Smythe. | 对个叫史密斯的人没什么值得大惊小怪 |
[36:42] | I’d just llke to see him, that’s all. | 我只是想见见他如此而已 |
[36:44] | Perhaps Lance can obllge us next time with a frontaI. | 也许下次蓝斯可以安排我们不期而遇 |
[36:47] | -Lance? -My boy. | -蓝斯? -我儿子 |
[36:50] | Called after LanceIot. The Round TabIe. | 根据圆桌武士蓝斯洛而命名 |
[36:52] | He found the HoIy Grall. | 他找到圣杯 |
[36:54] | That was GaIahad. LanceIot was found in bed with Guinevere. | 那是葛列汉,蓝斯洛被发现跟归娜薇私通 |
[37:00] | I hadn’t heard. | 我没听过 |
[37:15] | I have to say, sir, I wouId advise against it. | 我必须要说我会建议不要如此 |
[37:18] | I’d just llke to see what a man called Smythe Iooks llke. | 我想见见史密斯长得如何 |
[37:23] | WllI you Iend me your boy? | 能借我你儿子吗? |
[37:26] | If you’ll assure me there’ll be nothing unpIeasant. | 如果你能保证不会有什么不愉快 |
[37:29] | Well, Sarah isn’t there. This scene wllI have a universaI certificate. | 莎拉不在那,这地方有联合保证 |
[37:33] | Come with me, young LanceIot. | 小蓝斯洛,跟我来 |
[37:36] | Go on, Lance. | 去,蓝斯 |
[37:39] | No need to worry. | 不需要担心 |
[37:41] | You’re feellng llI, remember? | 现在,你病了记住了吗? |
[37:43] | How llI, sir? | 要有多严重? |
[37:44] | llI enough to faint. Can you act that? | 病到足以昏倒, 假装得了吗? |
[37:48] | If I hoId my breath, I can go paIe. | 如果我憋气整张脸都会苍白 |
[37:49] | Good. | 很好 |
[38:01] | Excuse me, but does a Dr. Wllson llve here? | 对不起, 威尔森医生住这吗? |
[38:04] | I’m afraid he doesn’t. | 他不住这 |
[38:05] | I was given this address, and my boy’s quite llI. | 这是别人告诉我的住址, 我儿子病很重 |
[38:11] | -You all right? -Come in. | -你还好吗? -你最好进来 |
[38:12] | WouId you mind? I’m sorry. He needs to sit down, perhaps. | 你介意吗? 抱歉, 他非常需要坐一下 |
[38:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:21] | Can I fetch him a gIass of water? | 我能帮他倒杯水吗? |
[38:23] | That’s very kind. | 你真好 |
[38:25] | Or some orange squash? | 还是要柳橙汁? |
[38:27] | Water wllI be fine. | 水就行了 |
[38:28] | Orange squash, pIease. | 麻烦给我柳橙汁 |
[38:30] | Say thank you, Arthur. | 亚瑟,说谢谢 |
[38:32] | Is his name Arthur? | 他叫亚瑟? |
[38:33] | Yes, Arthur James. His mother was fond of Tennyson. | 是,亚瑟詹姆士, 他母亲很喜欢诗人但尼生 |
[38:37] | Is she…? | 她… |
[38:38] | Yes, yes. Four years now. | 是的,已经四年了 |
[38:42] | He must be a great comfort to you. | 他一定是你最大的安慰 |
[38:44] | And anxiety. | 还有担心 |
[38:45] | I ought to introduce myseIf. | 我该自我介绍 |
[38:48] | -Bridges. -My name is Smythe. | -布里吉 -我叫史密斯 |
[38:50] | With a ”Y”? | 中间是”Y”吗? |
[38:52] | This is my brother, Richard. This is Mr. Bridges. | 是的,这是我哥哥理查, 这是布里吉先生 |
[38:55] | His boy isn’t feellng well. | 他儿子不太舒服 |
[38:57] | I was given this address for a Dr. Wllson. | 别人给我这个住址来找威尔森医师 |
[39:00] | There’s no such doctor here. | 这里没这个人 |
[39:04] | I’ve seen your boy before. | 我见过你的儿子 |
[39:07] | Maybe on the common. | 也许是大众脸 |
[39:14] | What was the reaI purpose of your visit? | 你来访的真正目的是什么? |
[39:20] | I toId you, a doctor. | 我说了,来找医生 |
[39:26] | No, you’re not llI, are you, boy? | 不,你没生病吧,小子? |
[39:35] | PeopIe sometimes come to me and can’t expIain why. | 人们有时候来我这而说不出原因 |
[39:41] | But if there is a reason…. | 但要是有原因… |
[39:43] | -My brother often deaIs with– -Hush, Susan. | -我哥常常处理 -安静,苏珊 |
[39:46] | They must ask themseIves. | 他们一定得问自己 |
[39:52] | I recognize your boy. But you…. | 我认得出你儿子 但你… |
[39:56] | Who recommended you? | 谁建议你来? |
[39:58] | We have a friend in common. | 我们有位相同的朋友 |
[40:01] | Sarah Mlles. | 莎拉迈尔斯 |
[40:04] | And your name is? | 尊姓大名是? |
[40:06] | Bendrix. | 班德瑞克斯 |
[40:15] | I know all about you. | 久仰大名 |
[40:16] | I’m sure you do. | 我想也是 |
[40:17] | But you must enllghten me. Aren’t you bound by vows of chastity? | 但你得提示我, 你不是正在禁欲苦修? |
[40:22] | Oh, my dear. | 哦, 亲爱的 |
[40:24] | Go, pIease. | 请你走 |
[40:27] | WouId you just go? | 请你走好吗? |
[40:29] | Come aIong, LanceIot. | 来,蓝斯洛 |
[40:38] | Poor Sarah. She had committed nothing but love… | 可怜的莎拉她只是付出爱 |
[40:41] | …and here were Parkis and his boy watching her every move. | 而帕金斯和他儿子却监视她一举一动 |
[40:44] | I would’ve called the spies off… | 我要取消监视 |
[40:46] | …had the devil not tugged at my elbow once more. | 别再受恶魔作祟影响 |
[40:51] | StllI in the rain? | 还在雨中? |
[40:53] | WaIking, Bendrix. Doctor recommends it. | 班德瑞克斯,散步医生的建议 |
[40:56] | Well, waIk with me. | 跟我散步 |
[40:58] | I recommend a drink. | 我建议喝一杯 |
[41:13] | How’s Sarah? | 莎拉好吗? |
[41:15] | Pretty well. | 非常好 |
[41:18] | Did you ever consuIt that private detective? | 你跟私家侦探谈过? |
[41:21] | I hoped you’d forgotten that. | 我希望你忘记 |
[41:24] | I was overworked. I had RoyaI Commission brewing. | 我工作过度. 我有皇室工作要进行 |
[41:28] | Don’t worry, Henry. I did it for you. | 亨利,别担心,我替你做了 |
[41:31] | You had no right. | 你没有权力 |
[41:33] | -I’m paying all the charges. -It’s infernaI cheek. | -付钱的人是我 -真是令人憎恨的面孔 |
[41:36] | Here’s the report, Henry. | 亨利,这是报告 |
[41:38] | His name is Smythe with a ”Y.” | 他名叫史密斯,中间是”Y |
[41:41] | You’ve been properIy Ied up the garden path. | 亨利,你可能被引导到花园小径 |
[41:43] | Let me pass. | 你要让我过吗? |
[41:44] | You don’t want them? Photographs, names, Iove Ietters? | 你不要吗? 照片,名字,情书? |
[41:57] | Now wllI you Iet me go? | 现在你能让我走了吗? |
[42:02] | I can aIways get you a carbon copy. | 我能帮你弄到副本 |
[42:21] | Strange how much dignity there can be in a hat. | 真奇怪帽子装有多少尊严? |
[42:26] | Without it, he seemed one of the anonymous. The dispossessed. | 没有它,他看起来像个无名小卒, 无依无靠 |
[42:31] | I had pitied myself for so long, it was… | 我可怜自己很久了 |
[42:34] | … odd to pity him. | 要可怜他好像有点奇怪 |
[42:38] | I’m sorry, Henry. | 亨利,抱歉 |
[42:42] | Sit down. | 坐下吧 |
[42:54] | Were you two Iovers, Bendrix? | 班德瑞克斯,你们俩是情人吗 |
[43:01] | It’s the onIy expIanation. | 这是唯一的解释 |
[43:04] | The onIy excuse too. | 也是唯一的借口 |
[43:10] | Can’t you see that what you’ve done is monstrous? | 你不了解你的所作所为令人毛骨悚然? |
[43:21] | You must think me a fooI not to have guessed. | 你一定认为我是傻瓜猜不到 |
[43:29] | Why didn’t she Ieave me? | 她何不离开我? |
[43:32] | Because you’re a habit she’s formed. | 因为她习惯有你 |
[43:35] | You’re her security. | 你是她的保障 |
[43:37] | Why did she Ieave you? | 她为何离开你? |
[43:38] | I became a bore llke you. | 我变得跟你一样无聊了 |
[43:42] | But I wasn’t born one. You created me. | 但我并非是无聊的人, 你创造了我 |
[43:46] | She wouIdn’t Ieave you, so I bored her with my jeaIousy. | 她不会离开你 我用忌妒让她觉得很无聊 |
[43:50] | You can’t be jeaIous of me. | 你不能忌妒我 |
[43:52] | Well, you won, in a way. | 某种程度来说,你赢了 |
[43:54] | We had come to the end of Iove. | 我们得结束爱情 |
[43:57] | She’d onIy make Iove with me… | 她只跟我做爱,但是 |
[44:00] | …but she couId shop and cook and fall asIeep with you. | 她能跟你购物、下厨、睡觉 |
[44:05] | She’s stllI very fond of you. | 她还是很喜欢你 |
[44:08] | One isn’t satisfied with fondness. | 光是喜欢不能满足我 |
[44:12] | -I was. -Yes, and that made you her pimp. | -但我可以 -这让你成为她的皮条客 |
[44:15] | A husband who knows where his sllppers are but never notices his wife. | 无聊的丈夫知道他自己的拖鞋在哪, 却不曾注意他老婆一眼 |
[44:20] | But you weren’t the onIy pimp. | 但亨利你不是唯一的皮条客 |
[44:23] | The war was the greatest pimp of all. | 战争才是最大的皮条客 |
[44:26] | And the V-1 s never affected us… | 而战争绝对不会影响我们 |
[44:30] | …untll the act of Iove was over. | 除非我们的爱结束 |
[45:01] | So what wllI you do when it ends? | 结束时,你打算怎么做? |
[45:03] | It won’t end, I toId you. | 我告诉你,不会结束 |
[45:05] | I meant the war. | 我指的是战争 |
[45:08] | It’s the onIy certain thing. | 那是唯一可以肯定的事 |
[45:11] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[45:13] | That allows me to see you. | 让我能见你 |
[45:17] | You think Iove ends when you don’t see me? | 你以为你不见我时, 爱就结束了吗? |
[45:23] | To be is to be perceived. | 未来就是等著被发觉 |
[45:27] | Do I exist when you’re with Henry? | 当你跟亨利在一起时 我还存在你心中吗? |
[45:29] | Yes. | 有 |
[45:31] | Isn’t that why you stay with Henry? Because you know this wllI end? | 这就是你留在亨利身边的原因? 因为你知道这会结束? |
[45:35] | No. | 不是 |
[45:40] | -Let’s go to the basement. -My IandIady’s there. | -我们该到地下室去 -我的女房东可能在那 |
[45:42] | -Does it matter? -To her. | -有关系吗? -也许对她有关 |
[45:44] | -It’s cIose, Maurice. -I’ll check. | -莫利斯,炮弹打的很近了 -我去看看 |
[45:46] | -Let me go with you. -I’ll be one second. | -我跟你去 -我马上回来 |
[45:58] | Nobody’s there. It’s cIear. | 没人在,空无一人 |
[46:51] | I never heard the bang. | 我没听见巨响 |
[46:54] | I awoke after five minutes or five seconds… | 五分钟后我醒来, 或是五秒钟 |
[47:00] | … to a changed world. | 世界整个不同了 |
[47:07] | For a moment, I was free of feeling… | 当下我没有任何情感束缚 |
[47:11] | … love, hate, jealousy. | 爱、恨、忌妒 |
[47:16] | And it all felt like happiness. | 都像幸福的感觉一样 |
[48:26] | Oh, my God. | 老天 |
[48:30] | You’re allve? | 你还活著? |
[48:36] | You sound disappointed. | 你听起来很失望 |
[48:38] | You’re hurt. | 你受伤了 |
[48:44] | I just cut myseIf, that’s all. | 我割伤自己,如此而已 |
[48:58] | What were you doing on the fIoor? | 你在地上干嘛? |
[49:01] | Praying. | 祷告 |
[49:04] | To what? | 向什么祷告? |
[49:05] | To anything that might exist. | 任何存在的东西 |
[49:10] | It’d have been more practicaI to have come downstairs. | 下楼来比较实际点 |
[49:13] | I did. | 我有 |
[49:19] | Well, why didn’t you wake me? | 你为何没叫醒我? |
[49:22] | I tried. | 我试过了 |
[49:25] | You didn’t move. | 但你一动也不动 |
[49:28] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[49:31] | I knew for certain you were dead. | 我以为你死了 |
[49:34] | There wasn’t much to pray for then, was there? | 没有什么可以祷告的吧? |
[49:37] | A miracIe. | 奇迹 |
[49:40] | And we don’t belleve in those. | 我们不相信奇迹 |
[49:44] | No. | 不相信 |
[49:47] | And that siren means you go. | 警报是要你离开 |
[49:53] | Yes. | 对 |
[50:00] | PIease don’t. | 别动 |
[50:02] | I have to. Henry wllI– | 我一定得走,亨利会 |
[50:05] | Forget Henry. | 忘了亨利 |
[50:08] | You don’t understand. You were gone. | 你不明白,你走了 |
[50:10] | Now I’m back. | 现在我回来了 |
[50:13] | I’m sorry to disappoint you, Sarah. | 莎拉,很抱歉让你失望但是… |
[50:20] | Love doesn’t end… | 爱不会因为 |
[50:23] | …just because we don’t see each other. | 我们见不著双方而结束 |
[50:26] | Doesn’t it? | 是吗 |
[50:27] | PeopIe go on Ioving God, don’t they? | 人们还是继续爱著上帝吧? |
[50:30] | All their llves, without seeing Him. | 一辈子没见过他也还爱 |
[50:35] | That’s not my kind of Iove. | 这不是我要的爱 |
[50:38] | Maybe there’s no other kind. | 也许没有其他种类 |
[50:53] | So I was a disappointment in the end. | 所以最后我只是让人失望 |
[50:56] | I llved. And that was the end of the affair… | 我活下来了. 我和她之间本来已经结束了 |
[51:00] | …untll I met you with that detective’s card in your hand. | 直到我见到你手中侦探的名片 |
[51:05] | I wondered why we hadn’t seen you. | 我想知道为何我们很久没见到你 |
[51:10] | You shouId go home, Henry. You’ll catch your death. | 亨利, 你该回家不然你会感冒致死 |
[51:17] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[51:39] | It was quite easy, sir. There was such a crush. | 那真是容易,先生 很好玩 |
[51:42] | Mrs. Miles thought I was from the ministry. | 迈尔斯女士以为 我是他部门的一位朋友 |
[51:45] | Mr. Miles thought I was one of her friends. | 迈尔斯先生以为我是她的朋友 |
[51:49] | I knew the way to her room from my boy. | 我从我儿子那得知到她房间的路 |
[51:52] | Anybody would’ve stopped me, I would’ve been looking for the toilet. | 任何人要阻止我我就说是找厕所 |
[51:55] | Of course, nobody did. | 当然,没人阻止 |
[51:56] | Did you think it was a good cocktail party? | 你觉得那是个好的鸡尾酒会? |
[51:59] | Highly successful, I would say, sir. | 非常成功 |
[52:01] | But Mrs. Miles looked a bit out of sorts. | 迈尔斯女士看来有点不舒服 |
[52:05] | I refer to this… | 我把这当作 |
[52:08] | …as Exhibit D. | 证物”D” |
[52:21] | Did you Iook at it? | 你看了吗? |
[52:23] | I ascertained its nature, sir. | 我相信这很自然 |
[52:25] | I judged she wasn’t the cautious type. | 从某方面判断她并不谨慎 |
[52:27] | So happy. M returns today. | 很高兴他今天回来了 |
[52:29] | My experience of diaries is, they aIways give things away, sir. | 据我的经验日记常泄漏一个人的秘密 |
[52:34] | PeopIe invent their llttIe codes. You see through them. | 人们发明自己的小密码 你很快就能明白 |
[52:37] | I woke up and the sun was shining. | 我起床,阳光普照 |
[52:39] | This covers severaI years. | 这里面记载了好几年 |
[52:42] | I hope you’re satisfied, sir. | 我希望你很满意 |
[52:43] | Life was going to be happy again, but last night I dreamt– | 又开始幸福的生活但昨晚我梦到… |
[52:47] | I think this may well cIose our account, Parkis. | 帕金斯,我想我们可以结案了 |
[52:51] | I had a feellng it might, sir. | 对,我也这么觉得 |
[52:54] | I have enjoyed our association, sir… | 我很喜欢我们的合作关系 |
[52:57] | …if one can taIk of enjoying under the sad circumstances. | 如果还能在不好的状况下 谈论快乐的事情 |
[53:00] | As have I. | 我也这样觉得 |
[53:02] | So I hope you wouIdn’t resent a memento, sir. | 我希望你不讨厌纪念品 |
[53:11] | There’s quite a history with that. Do you remember the BoIton case? | 这很有历史价值, 你记得波尔顿的案子? |
[53:14] | I can’t say I do. | 不太记得 |
[53:16] | It caused quite a stir at the time, sir. | 当时非常轰动 |
[53:18] | Lady BoIton, her maid and the man, all discovered together. | 波尔顿女士她的佣人, 还有个男的一起全被发现 |
[53:23] | That ashtray stood beside the bed, sir. | 床边有个烟灰缸 |
[53:26] | On the Iady’s side. | 在女士旁边 |
[53:32] | I shall treasure it, Parkis. | 帕金斯,我该好好珍惜 |
[53:35] | If ashtrays couId speak, sir. | 要是烟灰缸会说话的话 |
[53:38] | Indeed. | 的确 |
[53:43] | I’ll call Iater to make sure there were no Ioose ends. | 也许我该等会儿再打来 先确定没有证据遗漏 |
[53:46] | Thank you, Parkis. | 帕金斯,谢谢你 |
[53:50] | -Good night, sir. -Good night. | -先生,晚安 -晚安 |
[54:22] | Sometimes I get tired of trying to convince him that I love him… | ”替代情人”莫利斯班德瑞克斯著 有时候我厌倦了要说服他我爱他 |
[54:26] | …and shall love him forever. | 而且永远爱他 |
[54:28] | He pounces on my words like a barrister and twists them. | 他像个辩护律师一样攻击 而且扭曲我的话 |
[54:31] | So what will you do when it ends? | 结束的时候你打算怎么做? |
[54:33] | You think Iove ends when you don’t see me? | 你以为你见不到我爱就结束了吗? |
[54:39] | To be is to be perceived. | 要体验过才知道 |
[54:42] | Do I exist when you’re with Henry? | 你和亨利在一起时我还存在心中你吗? |
[54:45] | Yes. | 是. |
[54:47] | Isn’t that why you stay with Henry? Because you know this wllI end? | 这不就是你们在一起的原因? 因为你知道这会结束? |
[54:52] | No. | 不 |
[54:55] | -Let’s go to the basement. -My IandIady’s there. | -我们该去地下室 -我的女房东也许在那儿 |
[54:58] | -Does it matter? -To her. | 有关系吗?也许对她而言有关系 |
[54:59] | -It’s cIose, Maurice. -I’ll check. | -莫利斯,炮弹打的很近了 -我去看看 |
[55:01] | -Let me go with you. -I’ll be one second. | -我跟你去 -马上就回来 |
[55:14] | Nobody’s there. It’s cIear. | 没人,什么都没有 |
[55:49] | Oh, God. Oh, God, don’t take him. | 神啊! 神啊! 别带他走 |
[56:03] | Oh, God, don’t take him. | 神啊! 别带他走 |
[56:05] | But You had. | 但你已经将他带走了 |
[56:10] | Whatever was him was gone. You’d taken it. | 他已经死了, 你将他带走了 |
[56:17] | I’d never believed in prayer. | 我从不相信祷告 |
[56:22] | Oh, God, pIease bring him back. Let him llve. | 上帝,请把他带回来 让他活下去 |
[56:26] | I don’t belleve in You, but pIease Iet him llve. | 我不相信你, 但请你让他活下去 |
[56:32] | Dear God, pIease. | 上帝,求求你 |
[56:51] | Dear God, pIease, Iet him llve. | 上帝,求求你,让他活下去 |
[56:57] | PIease bring him back. | 请把他带回来 |
[57:01] | PIease don’t take him. | 别带走他 |
[57:06] | I’ll give him up forever. OnIy, pIease Iet him be allve. | 我会永远放弃他. 拜托, 让他活过来 |
[57:11] | Let him llve… | 让他活, |
[57:13] | …and I promise I’ll never see him again. | 我保证我不会再见他了 |
[57:24] | Oh, my God. | 老天! |
[57:28] | You’re allve? | 你还活著? |
[57:32] | You sound disappointed. | 你听起来很失望 |
[57:35] | But if he was alive… | 如果他活著, |
[57:37] | …now I was dead. | 那我便如同死了 |
[57:47] | What were you doing on the fIoor? | 你在地板上干嘛? |
[57:51] | Praying. | 祷告 |
[57:53] | To what? | 对什么祷告? |
[57:55] | To anything that might exist. | 任何存在的东西 |
[57:57] | How could I explain to him what made no sense to me? | 我怎么跟他解释这些不合逻辑的事? |
[58:01] | You didn’t move. | 你没动 |
[58:03] | I knew for certain you were dead. | 我以为你死了 |
[58:06] | There wasn’t much to pray for then? | 那也没啥好祷告的,不是吗? |
[58:08] | A miracIe. | 奇迹 |
[58:11] | And we don’t belleve in that. | 但我们不相信奇迹 |
[58:14] | No. | 不. |
[58:18] | And that siren means you go. | 警报声意味著要你离开 |
[58:22] | Yes. | 对 |
[58:25] | And I knew that nothing in this world would make sense to me again. | 世界上已经没有什么对我有意义了 |
[58:31] | Sorry to disappoint you. | 抱歉让你失望 |
[58:37] | Love doesn’t end… | 爱不会因为我们 |
[58:39] | …just because we don’t see each other. | 见不著面就结束 |
[58:42] | Doesn’t it? | 对吗 |
[58:44] | PeopIe go on Ioving God, don’t they? | 人们还是爱著上帝,不是吗? |
[58:46] | All their llves, without seeing Him. | 虽然他们一辈子也没见过他 |
[58:50] | That’s not my kind of Iove. | 那不是我这种爱 |
[58:54] | Maybe there’s no other kind. | 或许也没有别种 |
[59:16] | I can’t be held to that promise. | 我没办法为那种承诺负责 |
[59:19] | But something told me I would be. | 但有东西告诉我我必须负责 |
[59:21] | I had tempted fate, and fate had accepted. | 我挑战了命运, 命运接受了 |
[59:26] | So I was in the desert now, the desert without him. | 我现在, 在没有他的荒漠里 |
[59:33] | I started a tour with Henry. | 我开始跟亨利旅行 |
[59:35] | Civil defence in southern England. | 到南英格兰的民间防卫组织 |
[59:38] | Henry and I sleeping side by side like figures on tombs. | 亨利和我就如同墓中睡在一起的尸体 |
[59:45] | In the new reinforced shelter at Bigwell-on-Sea… | 在比威尔海边新强化的防空洞里 |
[59:48] | … the chief warden kissed me. | 一位执勤员亲我 |
[59:51] | I allowed him to but felt nothing. | 我让他这么做但什么感觉也没有 |
[59:56] | I’m beginning to believe in You, God. And maybe that’s how You work. | 上帝,我开始相信你, 也许这就是你的神迹 |
[1:00:01] | You empty me of love, then fill that emptiness. | 你掏空我的爱再用空虚填满 |
[1:00:05] | They’re recommending me for an OBE. | 他们推荐我当OBE |
[1:00:07] | -What’s that? -A step beIow a CBE. | -那是什么? -英国司令官下面的职位 |
[1:00:11] | When I retire, I’ll probabIy be a KBE. | 当我退休时我将会是英国骑士司令官 |
[1:00:15] | It’s confusing. CouIdn’t they stick to the same Ietters? | 真让人困惑他们不能只用一个名称吗? |
[1:00:19] | WouIdn’t you llke to be Lady Mlles? | 你不想当迈尔斯夫人吗? |
[1:00:25] | This was the British people’s finest day.: | 这是英国人最棒的一天 |
[1:00:28] | V-E Day, the end of the German war. | 胜利荣归日德国战争结束了 |
[1:00:34] | A man we have seen before looked down from a balcony in Whitehall. | 一个似曾相识的人从白厅的阳台往下看 |
[1:00:51] | The whole of London seemed happy because there was peace… | 整个伦敦都很开心因为和平 |
[1:00:54] | …and there were no more bombs. | 再也没有炸弹 |
[1:00:56] | But I’m not sure I liked the peace. | 但我不确定我喜欢和平 |
[1:01:07] | I walked his walks… | 我追随他的脚步 |
[1:01:12] | … tried to think where he’d be. | 想他会在哪 |
[1:01:19] | Then I gave up. | 然后我放弃了 |
[1:01:22] | I thought that now the world is at peace… | 我想,现在世界和平 |
[1:01:26] | …maybe I should have some. | 也许我该有些和平 |
[1:01:40] | I told him it all. | 我告诉他一切 |
[1:01:42] | And whoever heard my promise must have heard it too… | 听过我誓言的人也一定听过 |
[1:01:46] | …and must have known it already… | 也一定知道 |
[1:01:49] | …since God knows everything. | 既然上帝无所不知 |
[1:01:54] | How cruel that knowledge seemed. | 知识似乎真的很残忍 |
[1:01:57] | It knew what I would say before I made that promise. | 我发誓前, 就知道我会发誓 |
[1:02:02] | Knew it would keep me to it. | 知道我会遵守 |
[1:02:05] | Knew me the way his hands knew me. | 非常清楚 |
[1:02:09] | Sarah, darllng. | 亲爱的,莎拉 |
[1:02:13] | You. | 是你 |
[1:02:14] | Knew I would meet him on the stairs. | 知道我在楼梯间会见到他 |
[1:02:18] | It’s a fllthy night. | 今晚天候真恶劣 |
[1:02:19] | You’re wet through, Sarah. One day you’ll catch your death of coId. | 你湿透了有天你会感冒而死 |
[1:02:22] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[1:02:24] | Knew he would hate me. | 知道他会恨我 |
[1:02:33] | -Wednesday. | -Wednesday. Let me check. -星期三 -星期三,让我看看 |
[1:02:37] | -Would Thursday do? -Thursday then. | -星期四可以吗? -那就星期四 |
[1:02:39] | The Park Lane Hotel at 1 ? | 一点,公园路旅馆 |
[1:02:46] | I took my time. I didn’t want to be early. | 我慢慢来,不想太早到 |
[1:02:51] | Why did you want to meet? | 你为何想要见面? |
[1:02:53] | I wanted to tell you I’d been dead for the last two years. | 我要告诉你过去两年我死过 |
[1:02:58] | I can’t be without you any longer. | 再也不能没有你 |
[1:03:02] | But, of course, I didn’t. | 当然,我没有 |
[1:03:04] | He’s never really noticed me. Not for years. | 他从没真正注意过我好几年了 |
[1:03:09] | Maybe you’ve given him reason. | 也许你给他理由这么做 |
[1:03:12] | What reason couId I give? | 我能给他什么理由? |
[1:03:16] | What reason did you give me? | 你给我什么理由? |
[1:03:23] | None. | 没有 |
[1:03:34] | -Are you on a new book? -Of course. | -你写新书吗? -没错 |
[1:03:37] | It’s not about us? The one you threatened to write? | 不是写我们吧? 你威胁要写的那本 |
[1:03:40] | A book takes a year to write. | 花一年的时间写 |
[1:03:42] | It’s too hard work for revenge. | 要报复太难了 |
[1:03:44] | If you knew how llttIe you had to revenge. | 如果你知道报复有多么不值得 |
[1:03:46] | No, I’m joking. We had a good time together. | 不,我开玩笑的 我们在一起很惬意 |
[1:03:49] | We’re aduIts, and we knew it had to end sometime. | 我是说,我们已经是成年人, 终有结束的时候 |
[1:03:54] | And now we can Iunch and taIk about Henry. | 而且现在我们还能一起午餐谈谈亨利 |
[1:04:02] | In the old days, he would have followed. | 以前的话,他会跟来 |
[1:04:05] | We would have made up… | 我们会和好 |
[1:04:07] | … or made love. | 或是做爱 |
[1:04:26] | I said to God, as I might have said to my father.: | 我对上帝说就像我跟我父亲说 |
[1:04:31] | ”Dear God, I’m tired. | 亲爱的上帝,我疲倦了, |
[1:04:35] | I’m tired of being without him. | 厌倦没有他的时候, |
[1:04:38] | And it’s all because of You. ” | 都是因为你, |
[1:04:43] | Dr. Gilbert’s appointment. I’d almost forgotten. | 吉柏特医生约诊我几乎忘记了 |
[1:04:47] | He asked me how I felt. | 他问我感觉如何 |
[1:04:50] | I said I felt nothing. | 我说我什么感觉都没有 |
[1:04:53] | There was a stone where my heart should be. | 我的心早就跟石头一样 |
[1:04:58] | I need heIp, father. | 神父,我需要帮肋 |
[1:05:02] | God granted us free wllI. | 莎拉,上帝赐给我们自由意志 |
[1:05:04] | Good. So it’s settIed. I’m Ieaving my husband. | 很好,都好了我要离开我丈夫 |
[1:05:07] | You can’t. | 你不能 |
[1:05:08] | Why can’t I? I’m a whore and a llar. | 为何不能? 我是个妓女、骗子 |
[1:05:11] | I’m asking Henry for a divorce. | 我要求亨利离婚 |
[1:05:19] | You can’t, because you’re good. | 因为你很好所以你不能这么做 |
[1:05:23] | Better than any person I know. | 比我认识的任何人都好 |
[1:05:26] | You’re wrong, father. And you don’t know me. | 神父,你错了你不了解我 |
[1:05:32] | I found a small boy sleeping on the steps… | 我发现一个小孩睡在楼梯上 |
[1:05:35] | … with a birthmark covering his face… | 脸上有胎记 |
[1:05:38] | …and wondered what kind of God would give a child that. | 怀疑到底是什么神明让那小孩变成那样 |
[1:05:41] | Are you Iost? | 你迷路了吗? |
[1:05:43] | It’s all right. It’s all right. | 没关系,没关系 |
[1:05:46] | Where do you llve then? | 你住哪儿? |
[1:05:50] | -You’ll be all right now? -Yes, ma’am. | -你不会有事吧? -不会,女士 |
[1:05:52] | I kissed his cheek and wished I could wash it away. | 我亲吻他脸颊希望能消除胎记 |
[1:05:57] | And suddenly, I felt happy again. I could free myself of this. | 突然我又感觉很快乐, 我能解放自己,让自己自由 |
[1:06:03] | I… | 我要 |
[1:06:05] | …am leaving you. | 离开你 |
[1:06:08] | For the last… | 过去 |
[1:06:10] | … five years… | 五年来 |
[1:06:13] | …I have been in love… | 我还是深爱著 |
[1:06:18] | … with Maurice. | 莫利斯 |
[1:06:20] | I Iove you. | 我爱你 |
[1:06:23] | Know that. | 你知道吗? |
[1:06:30] | Why now, Henry? | 亨利,为什么现在说? |
[1:06:32] | Why do you say that now? | 为何你现在才说? |
[1:06:37] | I had a drink with Bendrix. | 我跟班德瑞克斯喝过酒 |
[1:06:46] | A horribIe drink. | 真是可怕 |
[1:06:50] | I can’t do without you. | 我不能没有你 |
[1:06:53] | ”Oh, yes, you can, ” I thought. | 你可以 |
[1:06:55] | ”You changed your newspaper once, and you soon got used to it. ” | 你改变过你的报纸一次, 你也很快就习惯 |
[1:06:59] | What’s wrong, Henry? | 亨利,怎么了? |
[1:07:02] | Did Bendrix upset you in some way? | 班德瑞克斯让你不开心? |
[1:07:07] | I know I haven’t been much of a husband to you. | 亲爱的我知道我不是个好丈夫 |
[1:07:10] | We are good friends. | 我们是好朋友 |
[1:07:13] | You can do without a friend. | 你可以没有朋友 |
[1:07:17] | Don’t Ieave me, Sarah. | 莎拉,别离开我 |
[1:07:21] | Stick it out a few more years. | 再和我多相处几年 |
[1:07:25] | I’ll try. | 我会试 |
[1:07:27] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[1:07:33] | Is this coincidence, I wondered? | 我怀疑是巧合吗? |
[1:07:36] | Or the way life happens? | 还是生命都是这样? |
[1:07:39] | And if this is life, am I stuck with it? | 如果这就是生命我要认命吗? |
[1:07:44] | But whatever it is, I can’t fight it anymore. | 不管是什么, 我无法抵抗 |
[1:07:48] | It has won and we have lost. | 它赢了,我们输了 |
[1:08:10] | She’s not here. | 她不在 |
[1:08:12] | I know your voice, Sarah. Talk to me. | 莎拉,我认得你的声音 跟我说话 |
[1:09:02] | Stop here. | 停在这里 |
[1:09:05] | -Thank you. -Thank you very much, guv. | -谢谢你 -非常谢谢你,老爷 |
[1:09:19] | One, pIease. | 麻烦,一张票 |
[1:10:14] | How did you get it? | 你怎么拿到的? |
[1:10:20] | You had a drinks party Iast week. | 上周你有个酒会 |
[1:10:24] | -Yes. That small man. | -Yes. -对,那个儿小的人 -对 |
[1:10:28] | He is my snoop. | 他是我的探子 |
[1:10:31] | Oh, Maurice… | 是吗 |
[1:10:33] | …how ridicuIous. | 真荒谬 |
[1:10:36] | It’s no more ridicuIous than you. | 不会比你还荒谬 |
[1:10:39] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 你怎么不告诉我? |
[1:10:41] | I tried. Each time I tried, something wouId happen. | 我试过, 每次我想告诉你就有别的事发生 |
[1:10:46] | That’s mumbo-jumbo, Sarah. | 胡说,莎拉 |
[1:10:47] | No. It doesn’t work llke that. | 不是这么顺利 |
[1:10:50] | Accidents. | 意外 |
[1:10:52] | LittIe things. God is in the detalls, Maurice. | 莫利斯, 小事由上帝冥冥中注定 |
[1:10:56] | You can’t belleve that. | 你不可以相信 |
[1:10:58] | Do you belleve in things you can’t see? | 你相信冥冥之说? |
[1:11:03] | -You mean Him? -I mean you. | -你是指上帝吗? -我是说你 |
[1:11:07] | You see, I never stopped Ioving you. Even though I couIdn’t see you. | 我从没停止爱过你即使我无法见你 |
[1:11:13] | My mother baptized me a Cathollc. | 我妈让我受洗成天主教徒 |
[1:11:17] | My father was Jewish, so we never practised. | 我爸是犹太人所以我们没实施过教义 |
[1:11:20] | But she aIways said she hoped it wouId ”take.” | 但她总说有天希望能这么做 |
[1:11:24] | Like a vaccination. | 就像施打疫苗 |
[1:11:27] | I’ve onIy made two promises in my llfe. | 我一生中只许下两个承诺 |
[1:11:32] | One was to marry Henry, the other to stop seeing you. | 一个就是嫁给亨利, 另一个就是再也不见你 |
[1:11:39] | And I’m too weak to keep either. | 两个都无法遵守 |
[1:11:44] | I know you don’t belleve in Him… | 我知道你不想信他 |
[1:11:49] | …but try to. | 但试著相信 |
[1:11:51] | TaIk to Him. | 跟他说 |
[1:11:54] | I can’t. | 没办法 |
[1:11:55] | Tell Him I’m sorry. | 告诉□我很抱歉 |
[1:11:57] | I’m too human. Too weak. | 我是人. 太软弱了 |
[1:12:02] | Tell Him I can’t keep my promises. | 告诉他我无法信守承诺 |
[1:12:07] | I’m tired of being without you. | 我厌倦没有你的日子 |
[1:12:12] | -Let’s get you home. -I don’t want to go home. | -送你回去吧 -我不想回家 |
[1:12:17] | I know. | 我知道 |
[1:13:01] | So have we broken the spell? | 我们破除魔法了吗? |
[1:13:08] | The worId didn’t end, did it? | 也不是世界末日吧? |
[1:13:10] | It did, in a way. But then, it aIways did. | 某方面说来是, 但,都是这样 |
[1:13:16] | Can I sIeep now, Maurice? | 莫利斯,我能睡了吗? |
[1:13:19] | PIease Iet me sIeep. | 请让我入眠 |
[1:13:47] | -It’s Henry. -Don’t answer it. | -是亨利 -别回答 |
[1:13:49] | Why not? We’ll have to tell him sometime. | 为什么不回答? 我们迟早要告诉他 |
[1:13:52] | -Come away with me. -Where? | -跟我一起走 -去哪儿? |
[1:13:55] | Anywhere. Brighton. | 哪里都好,布莱顿 |
[1:13:58] | I want a few days peace before the arguments begin. | 在开始吵架前我想有几天宁静 |
[1:14:01] | Well, Henry never argues. | 亨利从不吵架 |
[1:14:02] | I wasn’t taIking about Henry. | 我不是指亨利 |
[1:14:10] | Pain is easy to write. | 痛苦很容易写 |
[1:14:13] | In pain, we’re all drably individual. | 痛苦时我们是非常单独的个体 |
[1:14:17] | But what can one write about happiness? | 但幸福有什么好写的呢? |
[1:14:43] | It doesn’t suit you. And it’s mine. | 不适合你,是我的 |
[1:14:45] | You want it? There’s a price. | 你要吗? 价钱在这 |
[1:14:47] | How much? | 多少钱? |
[1:14:53] | Can I pay again? | 我能再付吗? |
[1:14:58] | I want chlldren, you know. | 我要小孩 |
[1:14:59] | How many? | 多少个? |
[1:15:01] | We’ll start with one. | 先一个 |
[1:15:02] | OnIy one? | 只要一个? |
[1:15:04] | You want to start with two? | 你想先要两个? |
[1:15:07] | Is that a promise? | 保证吗 |
[1:15:09] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:15:18] | Let’s get you back to the hoteI. | 我们回饭店 |
[1:15:40] | -It’s a bit of a mess, isn’t it? -You’re right. | -有点乱对,是吧? -你说得对 |
[1:15:46] | Business going well? | 生意好吗? |
[1:15:48] | StllI on the job, Parkis? Don’t worry. Come with me. | 还在工作? 别担心. 跟我来 |
[1:15:53] | Come. | 这里 |
[1:15:54] | So where’s your boy this time? | 过来这回你儿子在哪? |
[1:15:56] | I Ieft him at home, sir. | 留在家里 |
[1:15:57] | HardIy a wise move. He has the sense not to get noticed. | 真不聪明. 他善于不被注意 |
[1:16:01] | You think so? Perhaps I wasn’t cut out for this job. | 你也这么认为? 也许我不适合这工作 |
[1:16:05] | Tell your empIoyer the circumstances are unique. | 告诉你老板,情况特殊 |
[1:16:08] | What was your phrase? The party in question is a writer. | 你是怎么说的? 目标是个作家 |
[1:16:12] | They notice everything. | 他们已经注意到了 |
[1:16:13] | They certainIy seem to, sir. | 似乎是这样, 先生 |
[1:16:17] | -So who’s hired you this time? -I’m not at llberty to say, sir. | -这次谁雇你? -我不能说 |
[1:16:20] | Let me guess. The jeaIous husband. | 让我猜,忌妒的丈夫 |
[1:16:25] | I never expected to be recalled to this case. | 我从没想过会再回来办这案子 |
[1:16:28] | Yours is a secure profession. | 你的行业很安全 |
[1:16:29] | As Iong as fooIs llke us Iove, your empIoyment never ends. | 只要像我们这样的傻瓜喜欢你就不会失业 |
[1:16:33] | You couId put it llke that. | 可以这样说 |
[1:16:35] | And Iove never ends, does it? | 爱不会结束,是吗? |
[1:16:39] | It seems not, sir. | 似乎不会 |
[1:16:40] | So what do you need? Photographs of us in fIagrante dellcto? | 你需要什么? 我们从事不法勾当的相片? |
[1:16:45] | Copies of hoteI bllIs? Evidence of solled sheets? | 旅馆帐单的影本? 勾搭的证据? |
[1:16:48] | We’d be happy to obllge. | 我们乐意提供 |
[1:16:49] | No. My brief is to follow you. Inform him as to your whereabouts. | 不, 他们要我跟踪你通知他你的行踪 |
[1:16:53] | Which, of course, you’ll do. | 当然,你会 |
[1:16:55] | I’m obllged to under the terms of my empIoyment, posthaste. | 先生,在受雇之下我服务迅速 |
[1:16:58] | Won’t you need suppIementary evidence? The divorce courts wllI demand it. | 你不需要辅助的证据? 离婚法庭会需要 |
[1:17:04] | They generally do, sir, if it come to that. | 如果到那个地步他们会需要 |
[1:17:09] | Exhibit A. | 证物”A” |
[1:17:12] | Receipt for two sandwiches bought on the train to Brighton. | 在往布莱顿火车上购买三明治的发票 |
[1:17:15] | MutuaI sandwiches are evidence of intimacy, aren’t they? | 手工三明治的确是亲密的证据 |
[1:17:18] | They couId be so construed. | 可以大胆的这么解释 |
[1:17:20] | Exhibit B. Two tickets for a Big Dipper. | 证物”B”坐北斗七星的两张票 |
[1:17:23] | You seem to be doing my job. | 你好像替我工作 |
[1:17:25] | Yes, but we haven’t quite gotten there. What wouId cllnch it for us, Parkis? | 是,但还没完呢 |
[1:17:29] | What wouId make divorce a certainty? | 什么能了结我们? |
[1:17:37] | Generally, sir, some kind of photographic evidence of…. | 什么才能确定能够离婚? |
[1:17:44] | Of intimacy. | 自然是一些, |
[1:17:48] | WouId be most usefuI, sir, if it came to such a pass. | 发生关系的证据, 要判定的话非常有用 |
[1:17:52] | It wllI, Parkis. | 可不, 帕金斯 |
[1:17:55] | It certainIy wllI. | 的确非常有用 |
[1:18:26] | Here, here, drink this. | 喝下 |
[1:18:35] | I dreamt we had a chlld. | 我梦到我们有小孩 |
[1:18:37] | We wllI. | 我们会有 |
[1:18:39] | We were on the bed together. The room fllIed up with water. | 我们一起在床上 |
[1:18:43] | There was a chlld between us. | 房间都是水, 我们中间有个小孩 |
[1:18:45] | Why water? | 为什么有水? |
[1:18:47] | The sea had come in the window. | 海从窗户进来 |
[1:19:06] | So you’ll marry me? | 你会跟我结婚 |
[1:19:12] | That’s a promise. | 这是承诺 |
[1:19:43] | The prince regent began bullding it for his mistress, Mrs. Fitzherbert. | 费兹贺柏女士摄政王 开始为他的夫人盖房子 |
[1:19:47] | BeautifuI but fIawed. | 美丽但有瑕疵 |
[1:19:49] | How was she fIawed? | 她怎么会有瑕疵? |
[1:19:50] | She was Cathollc. | 她是天主教徒 |
[1:19:52] | ImpossibIe, of course. | 当然,不可能 |
[1:19:54] | So he Ioved her. | 他爱她 |
[1:19:55] | Yes, but he married Princess Carollne of Brunswick, who was Protestant… | 是, 但他和布里斯维克的新教徒卡洛琳公主结婚 |
[1:20:01] | …but huge. | 但很大 |
[1:20:02] | And he bullt this huge folly to impossibllity. | 他盖了座海市蜃楼 |
[1:20:06] | -Not now, Henry. -Forgive me, Sarah. I had to. | -亨利,不要现在 -莎拉,原谅我,我必须这么做 |
[1:20:09] | -Oh, God, pIease. Henry, not now. -You had to what, Henry? | -老天,亨利,不要现在 -亨利,你要干嘛 |
[1:20:14] | TaIk. | 谈谈 |
[1:20:15] | Go back home. You can’t hoId on to her forever. | 回家去. 你不能永远占有她 |
[1:20:18] | I know that. | 我知道,但是… |
[1:20:19] | It hardIy suits you, Henry, the roIe of jeaIous husband. | 亨利一个忌妒丈夫的角色不适合你 |
[1:20:23] | I don’t mean to make a scene. | 拜托,我不是来讲理 |
[1:20:25] | Henry, go home. | 亨利,回家 |
[1:20:28] | I’m not jeaIous, Bendrix. | 班德瑞克斯,我才不忌妒 |
[1:20:31] | What was it you said? | 你是怎么说的? |
[1:20:33] | Lovers are jeaIous. Husbands are ridicuIous. | 情人是忌妒丈夫则是荒唐 |
[1:20:39] | I was never her Iover. | 我从来就不是她的情人 |
[1:20:42] | Not much of a husband either, I’m afraid. | 恐怕也不是个丈夫 |
[1:20:44] | But you hired our detective. | 但你雇了我们的侦探 |
[1:20:46] | I had to find out where she was. | 我要知道她在哪儿 |
[1:20:48] | So you know. She wants a divorce. | 你知道她想离婚 |
[1:20:53] | That won’t be possibIe, oId man. | 老小子,这是不可能 |
[1:20:56] | You’ll contest it? | 你有异议吗? |
[1:20:58] | No. But it wouId take at Ieast three months. | 不,但至少要三个月 |
[1:21:01] | What’s three months, Henry, out of a llfetime? | 亨利,什么三个月? 一生中的三个月吗? |
[1:21:06] | HaIf. | 一半 |
[1:21:08] | HaIf of what? | 什么的一半? |
[1:21:10] | Of a llfetime, I’m afraid. | 恐怕是半辈子 |
[1:21:14] | Sarah’s dying, Bendrix. | 莎拉快死了 |
[1:21:18] | Her doctor called the night she didn’t come back… | 她医生拿著她检验报告结果 |
[1:21:21] | …with the resuIt of some tests. | 在她没回来的那晚打电话来 |
[1:21:25] | I knocked on your door. | 我去敲你的门 |
[1:21:29] | I imagined you were both there. | 我想你们两在一起 |
[1:21:34] | How oddIy we behave at such moments. | 我们这时候行为多奇怪 |
[1:21:53] | You shouIdn’t get wet, darllng. | 亲爱的,你不该淋雨的 |
[1:21:55] | -Don’t you llke the rain? -Yes, dear, but– | -亨利,你不喜欢雨吗? -喜欢,但,亲爱的… |
[1:21:58] | You’ve heard news, Henry. Is it good? | 你收到消息了, 是好消息吗? |
[1:22:03] | No, dear. | 亲爱的,不是 |
[1:22:06] | You see, Maurice, never make a promise. You may have to keep it. | 莫利斯,你看别许下承诺. 你可能要遵守 |
[1:22:18] | You shouId never have been jeaIous of me, Bendrix. | 班德瑞克斯你不该忌妒我 |
[1:22:26] | I did Sarah a great disservice when I married her. I reallze that now. | 我娶莎拉时, 对她伤害很大, 我现在才知道 |
[1:22:33] | I’m not the sort that makes a Iover. | 我不是那种情人型的人 |
[1:22:38] | She wanted someone llke you. | 她需要像你这样的人 |
[1:22:41] | I’m not sure it’s as simpIe as that. | 我不确定有这么简单 |
[1:22:47] | If you don’t mind me asking… | 如果你不介意我问 |
[1:22:51] | …I’d llke you there when the time comes. | 当时候到时,我要你也在 |
[1:22:54] | It may not come, Henry. | 也许时候不会到 |
[1:22:58] | You, of all peopIe, don’t belleve in miracIes, Bendrix. | 你们是不相信奇迹的 |
[1:23:01] | No, but Sarah does. | 不,但莎拉相信 |
[1:23:06] | You see, I’d aIways belleved that I’d be the one to die first… | 我一直相信我会先死 |
[1:23:12] | …and that Sarah wouId know what to do. | 而莎拉就知道该怎么办 |
[1:23:18] | Are you at a Ioss, Henry? | 亨利,你迷惑了吗? |
[1:23:23] | I am quite. | 非常迷惑 |
[1:23:28] | And it wouId save you a bit if you moved in with us. | 如果你搬进来会省点麻烦 |
[1:23:32] | Sarah aIways said your books weren’t as successfuI as they shouId have been. | 莎拉总是说你的小说没有该有的成功 |
[1:23:40] | You couId be there… | 我在部门里的时候 |
[1:23:42] | …working in the daytime whlle I’m at the ministry. | 你白天可以在那工作 |
[1:23:46] | And at night… | 晚上 |
[1:23:49] | …we couId both…. | 我们两个就可 |
[1:23:57] | And so I moved to the north side of the common… | 所以我搬到北侧的房间 |
[1:24:00] | …and, oddly enough, I felt instantly at home. | 很奇怪我马上觉得有家的感觉 |
[1:24:13] | Can I heIp you, father? | 有何需要效劳的吗,神父? |
[1:24:17] | -I’ve come about Mrs. Mlles. -She’s indisposed. | -我来找迈尔斯女士 -她身体不适 |
[1:24:20] | You mean she’s llI. Don’t you? | 她病了? |
[1:24:23] | Yes, I suppose I do. | 是的 |
[1:24:27] | She’s been to see me severaI times, and I know she’d llke to see me before– | 她来找我几次, 而我知道她离开前想再见我 |
[1:24:31] | She’s Ieft word with me, she’s not to be disturbed. | 她留话给我她不想被打扰 |
[1:24:34] | Is her husband here? | 她先生在吗? |
[1:24:37] | No. | 不在 |
[1:24:43] | She toId me about you. | 她跟我说过你 |
[1:24:45] | I know she did. | 我知道 |
[1:24:48] | I’m the Iover, father. | 神父,我是情夫 |
[1:25:03] | Who was that? | 是谁? |
[1:25:12] | The postman. | 邮差 |
[1:25:17] | What did he bring? | 寄什么来? |
[1:25:21] | He had the wrong address. | 搞错住址了 |
[1:25:27] | How odd for a postman. | 邮差怎么会这样 |
[1:25:40] | You know what happened that day? | 那天发生什么事? |
[1:25:45] | You thought I was dead and I wasn’t. | 你以为我死了, 而我没死 |
[1:25:51] | No, darllng. | 不,亲爱的 |
[1:25:54] | Something happened in that room. | 那间房间有事发生 |
[1:25:59] | There were the same walls around me… | 周遭同样的墙 |
[1:26:03] | …the same sunllght coming in through the window. | 同样的阳光照进窗户里 |
[1:26:08] | But nothing wouId ever be the same again. | 但一切都不一样了 |
[1:26:13] | You can’t belleve this, Sarah. | 莎拉,你不可以相信 |
[1:26:17] | But it’s true. | 但这是真的 |
[1:26:21] | I never Ioved anyone as I Ioved you. | 我是最爱你 |
[1:26:26] | Then when you came through that door with bIood on your face… | 当你从那扇门进来,脸上有血 |
[1:26:32] | …another kind of Iove came with you. | 带来另一种爱 |
[1:26:36] | And I caught bellef llke a disease. | 我开始相信, 像得病一样 |
[1:26:41] | I fell into bellef llke I’d… | 我掉进信仰 |
[1:26:45] | …fallen in Iove. | 就像我恋爱一样 |
[1:26:48] | And I tried to fight it… | 我想要抵抗 |
[1:26:53] | …but I haven’t any fight Ieft. | 但我已经无法抵抗了 |
[1:27:17] | It wasn’t the postman, was it? | 不是邮差吧? |
[1:27:21] | No, it wasn’t. | 不是 |
[1:27:25] | Dear Maurice, you can’t go on fighting. | 亲爱的莫利斯你不能继续抵抗 |
[1:27:28] | It’s onIy Iove, after all. | 毕竟只有爱 |
[1:28:05] | So You’re taking her. | 你带走她了 |
[1:28:08] | But You haven’t got me yet. | 但你还没带走我 |
[1:28:10] | I don’t want Your peace and Your love. | 我不要你的安详、你的爱 |
[1:28:14] | I wanted Sarah for a lifetime… | 我一生都要莎拉 |
[1:28:18] | …and You’re taking her from me. | 你却从我身边带走她 |
[1:28:21] | So I hate You, God. | 上帝,我恨你 |
[1:28:24] | I hate You as though You existed. | 如同你存在一样,我恨你 班德瑞克斯 |
[1:28:45] | You have to heIp me, Bendrix. I can’t. | 班德瑞克斯,你要帮我 我无法… |
[1:28:48] | I wllI. | 我会 |
[1:28:50] | I can’t llve in a worId, where she’s gone. | 没有她我活不下去 |
[1:28:56] | I’ll heIp you. | 我会帮你 |
[1:29:14] | I wouId have taken care of all the arrangements if I’d known. | 如果我早知道我会好好安排一切 |
[1:29:18] | SureIy you disapprove of cremation? | 确定你不同意火化? |
[1:29:20] | I wouId’ve arranged a Cathollc buriaI. | 我宁愿安排天主教葬礼 |
[1:29:22] | She wasn’t a Cathollc, was she, Henry? | 亨利, 但她不是天主教徒吧? |
[1:29:24] | We recognize the baptism of desire. | 我们知道她想受洗的心愿 |
[1:29:28] | She said things that seemed llke prayers. | 她很像在祷告 |
[1:29:31] | We’ve made the arrangements. We can’t aIter things now. | 我们安排好了神父,不能更改了 |
[1:29:34] | You don’t want taIk. The notice in the Times. | 亨利, 你别想更改报上已登了讣闻 |
[1:29:36] | No. Oh, no. | 不… |
[1:29:39] | If you’d come a llttIe sooner, father. PIease don’t think– | 神父,如果你早点来… 请别认为… |
[1:29:42] | I think nothing bad of you. | 迈尔斯先生 我对你没有什么成见 |
[1:29:44] | Perhaps me? | 也许是对我吧? |
[1:29:45] | Don’t worry, Mr. Bendrix. Nothing you can do wllI affect her now. | 班德瑞克斯先生,别担心, 你现在做什么都没用了 |
[1:29:53] | She was a good woman. | 她是个好女人 |
[1:29:54] | She wasn’t. She couId put the bllnkers on any man. | 她不是. 她可以随便勾搭任何男人 |
[1:29:57] | She deceived you, her husband and me. She was a consummate llar. | 神父,她骗你就像她骗她先生和我. 她完全是个骗子 |
[1:30:00] | -You’ve no right. -Let him rave. | -你没有权力这么说 -让他说吧 |
[1:30:02] | Don’t give me your pity! Keep it for your confessionaI! | 别可怜我! 留给你自己告诫的时候用! |
[1:30:06] | You can find me when you want me. | 你随时都找得到我 |
[1:30:07] | I don’t want you. I’m no Sarah. | 我不要你. 我不是莎拉 |
[1:30:09] | -Sorry, father. -No need to be. | -神父,抱歉 -不需要 |
[1:30:12] | You see, I know when a man is in pain. | 我明白人痛苦时的感受 |
[1:30:16] | I’m not in pain, father. I’m in hate. | 神父,我不痛苦我怨恨 |
[1:30:19] | I hate Sarah because she was a tart to your mumbo-jumbo. | 我恨莎拉 因为她相信你的胡言乱语 |
[1:30:22] | I hate Henry because she stuck to him. | 我恨亨利因为她依赖他 |
[1:30:25] | And I hate you and your imaginary God… | 我恨你和你想像中的上帝 |
[1:30:26] | …because you took her away from all of us. | 因为你从我们身边带走她 |
[1:30:32] | You are a good hater. | 你的确很善妒! |
[1:30:33] | To hell with all of you! | 你们都下地狱! |
[1:31:13] | I’m sorry, Henry. | 亨利,抱歉 |
[1:31:21] | The thing is, Bendrix… | 班德瑞克斯,事实是… |
[1:31:25] | …I aIways knew. | 我一直很清楚 |
[1:31:29] | I knew she was with someone. | 我知道她跟某个人有染 |
[1:31:33] | But I never thought you. | 但我没想到是你 |
[1:31:39] | But the odd thing is… | 但奇怪的是 |
[1:31:42] | …I’m gIad it was. | 我却很高兴 |
[1:32:03] | It’s a sad pIeasure to see you here. Bygones are aIways bygones. | 见到你在这令人遗憾又欣慰. 过去的就让它过去 |
[1:32:09] | Do you aIways follow your peopIe as far as this? | 你都跟这么远吗? |
[1:32:13] | She was a very fine Iady, sir. | 她是个好人 |
[1:32:15] | At the cocktall party, she handed me a gIass of sherry. | 在鸡尾酒会她给我一杯雪利酒 |
[1:32:18] | Was it South African sherry? | 南非雪利酒? |
[1:32:21] | I wouIdn’t know, sir. | 我不知道 |
[1:32:23] | There weren’t many llke her. | 像她的人不多了 |
[1:32:25] | My boy, now, he’s aIways speaking of her. | 我儿子常常提起她 |
[1:32:28] | How is your boy, Parkis? | 帕金斯,你儿子好吗? |
[1:32:31] | He’s exceptionally well, sir, though he’s a bit upset today. | 他本来该很好, 虽然今天有点生气 |
[1:32:35] | He imagined she’d be buried a Cathollc. | 想著她以天主教仪式下葬 |
[1:32:38] | And why wouId he think that? | 为什么他这么想? |
[1:32:40] | Young boys, sir, they get these ideas. | 年轻人都这么想 |
[1:32:43] | Though I have to admit, even I can’t expIain it. | 虽然我得承认甚至无法解释 |
[1:32:46] | ExpIain what? | 解释什么? |
[1:32:49] | On the day of her assignation, she waIked him to a tube. | 在有约诊的那天她带他去地铁 |
[1:32:53] | She thought he was Iost, gave him a coin and kissed him on his cheek… | 她以为他走失了给他钱, 亲他脸颊 |
[1:32:57] | …on his affllcted cheek, sir. | 在他有胎记的脸上 |
[1:33:00] | And over the weeks that followed, his affllction gradually went away. | 接下来好几个礼拜, 他的胎记慢慢不见了 |
[1:33:04] | I tried to keep him rationaI, but he swears it was because of her. | 我试著保持他的理性 但他发誓是因为她的缘故 |
[1:33:09] | Say hello to Mr. Bendrix, Lance. | 蓝斯, 跟班德瑞克斯先生打招呼 |
[1:33:29] | Hello, sir. | 先生,你好 |
[1:33:42] | I wrote at the start that this was a diary of hate. | 一开始我说这是本关于怨恨的日记 |
[1:33:46] | I hated You as though You existed. | 我恨你就如同你真的存在一般 |
[1:33:49] | Now I am tired of hating. | 现在我厌倦了恨 |
[1:33:52] | But You’re still there. | 但你还在 |
[1:33:55] | So Your cunning is infinite. | 你的狡猾无止尽 |
[1:33:58] | You used my hate to win my acknowledgment. | 你用我的恨赢走我的坦白 |
[1:34:03] | And I’ve only one prayer left. | 我只有一个祷告 |
[1:34:06] | Dear God, forget about me. | 亲爱的上帝,忘了我 |
[1:34:10] | Look after her and Henry. | 眷顾她还有亨利 于2006年5月16日0:30制作 |