英文名称:The Discovery
年代:2017
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:28] | Dr. Harber, before we’re live, | 哈勃博士 开始直播之前 |
[00:30] | I just wanted to say thank you for choosing me. | 我只想说 感谢你挑选了我 |
[00:32] | Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers. | 吃葡萄不吐葡萄皮儿 |
[00:33] | The rich history you have with other journalists… | 你跟其他记者之间有不少嫌隙… |
[00:37] | I chose you precisely because we don’t have a history. | 我特地选了你 就因为我们过往没有恩怨 |
[00:41] | Now, don’t fuck it up. | 所以别搞砸了 |
[00:45] | Fifteen seconds. | 15秒倒计时开始 |
[00:49] | People trust you… for decades have valued you. | 人们很信任你 几十年来 一直很重视你 |
[00:54] | I think that’s because people value the truth. | 我觉得那是因为人们重视真相 |
[00:57] | Right, but don’t you think your discovery was just… | 好吧 但你不觉得你将这个「发现」… |
[01:00] | too dangerous to share with the world? | 分享给世人是一件很危险的事吗 |
[01:02] | Look, this has been my life’s work for over 40 years. | 听着 这是我投入了四十年心血研究出的成果 |
[01:05] | There’s nothing willy-nilly here. | 不是随便得出的结论 |
[01:07] | After much discussion, much debate, | 经过一系列的探讨与争论 |
[01:09] | we all came to the same conclusion. | 我们都得出了同样的结论 |
[01:11] | – Which is? – Which is, once you explore all scientific possibilities, | -结论是 -就是人们探索完全部的科学可能性之后 |
[01:15] | and you come to a consensus, | 大家达成了共识 |
[01:16] | how can you keep a discovery so vital | 这项重大发现攸关人类生死存亡 |
[01:18] | to our existence a secret? | 怎可不公诸于世 |
[01:20] | And that discovery… | 而这个「发现」就是… |
[01:23] | You proved the existence of an afterlife. | 你证明了「来世」的存在 |
[01:26] | I prefer to call it a new plane of existence. | 我更愿意称之为「另一个次元世界」 |
[01:30] | I can’t comment on terminology like “Soul” and “Heaven” and “Afterlife,” | 我不会用「灵魂」 「天堂」 「来世」这种词来解释 |
[01:34] | but what I can say with scientific certainty is | 但我可以说 科学证实了 |
[01:36] | that once the body dies, | 身体死亡之后 |
[01:38] | some part of our consciousness leaves us | 我们的一部分潜意识就会脱离身体 |
[01:41] | and travels to a new plane. | 进入「另一个次元世界」 |
[01:44] | Your machine was able to capture brain wavelengths | 你发明的机器能够捕捉到人死后 |
[01:49] | on a subatomic level, leaving the body after death. | 离开人体的次原子层次脑电波 |
[01:53] | – Is that…? – That’s correct. | -是这样… -没错 |
[01:57] | Where do those wavelengths go? | 那这些脑电波都去了哪里呢 |
[02:01] | My point is, a new plane of existence is out there. | 我的重点是 确实存在「另一个次元世界」 |
[02:05] | Yes, that is no longer in dispute. | 这已无可争议 |
[02:07] | But you can’t tell us what that is exactly. | 但你也无法告诉我们具体是什么 |
[02:10] | When you see a train leave the station… | 你看到一辆火车离站时 |
[02:14] | do you need to know where it’s going to | 你需要通过了解车行驶的目的地 |
[02:15] | understand that you saw it leave? | 而知道车要离开了吗 |
[02:18] | It’s a tough pill to swallow. | 这种解释让人难以接受 |
[02:19] | At one point, so was the Earth being round. | 人们以前还不愿接受地球是圆的呢 |
[02:23] | But, Dr. Harber, | 但是 哈勃博士 |
[02:25] | why did it take you six months to address us? | 你为何等了六个月才向世人公布 |
[02:29] | Where have you been? | 你之前都去哪了 |
[02:32] | It seems to me that I invited you here, to my home. | 好像是我邀请你到我家来的吧 |
[02:36] | Yes, you did. Thank you. | 是 没错 谢谢你 |
[02:38] | But… we only received that invitation | 但自杀人数剧增到百万人之后 |
[02:41] | after the suicide toll had rapidly reached a million. | 你才邀请我们过来 |
[02:45] | And during that time, celebrities, athletes, | 而在此期间 很多名人 运动员 |
[02:48] | even a close colleague of yours, | 甚至包括一个你关系亲密的同事 |
[02:50] | all ended their lives. | 都结束了自己的生命 |
[02:52] | Which is why I agreed to sit with you | 所以我才同意跟你接受访问 |
[02:54] | and try to calm the waters. | 试图让人们冷静下来 |
[02:57] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:00] | I wanna ask you the question | 我想问你一个问题 |
[03:01] | that everybody watching right now is probably wondering. | 估计电视机前的观众都很想知道 |
[03:05] | Do you feel responsible for all those people killing themselves? | 你觉得这么多人自杀是你的责任吗 |
[03:10] | No. | 不是 |
[03:13] | – That’s it? – That’s it. | -就这样吗 -就这样 |
[03:17] | Thank you, Dr. Harber… for my fresh start. | 谢谢你 哈勃博士 让我可以去「来世」重生 |
[03:20] | Andy, no! | 安迪 不要 |
[03:22] | Andy! | 安迪 |
[03:23] | – Andy! – No. | -安迪 -不 |
[03:25] | God! | 天呐 |
[03:26] | – Why would you do that? – Somebody call 911. | -你为什么想不开啊 -快叫救护车 |
[03:29] | Help! Some…. | 快来帮忙 |
[03:30] | Call help, please. | 叫救护车 |
[03:31] | Right now. Get someone here. | 赶紧去 叫人来 |
[03:34] | My God! | 天呐 |
[03:35] | Why would you do that? | 你为什么要这么做 |
[03:37] | God. | 天呐 |
[03:39] | Turn those cameras off. | 关掉摄像机 |
[04:15] | Welcome back to our coverage of the two-year anniversary of the Discovery. | 欢迎继续收看 「重大发现」两周年纪念特辑 |
[04:20] | We’ll be revisiting the touchstone moments of the past two years, | 我们要重温过去两年间的「试金石时刻」 |
[04:23] | with retrospectives all weekend long. | 我们将用一周时间来回顾 |
[04:26] | Hard to believe that it’s been a year and a half | 托马斯·哈勃公布「重大发现」之后 |
[04:28] | since Thomas Harber’s first and only post-Discovery interview | 首次接受了独家专访时 有人在节目中自杀 |
[04:32] | ended suddenly with an on-air suicide. | 此事竟然已经过去一年半了 |
[04:35] | Since then, the worldwide suicide toll | 自此之后 全世界的自杀人数 |
[04:38] | has skyrocketed to staggering levels. | 暴增到了令人惊愕的程度 |
[04:41] | Over four million people have taken their lives, | 超过四百万人已经选择了自杀 |
[04:43] | attempting to “Get there.” | 想去往「来世」 |
[04:46] | As for Dr. Thomas Harber, he has not made a public appearance | 而托马斯·哈勃博士 自从那次不堪回首的访谈之后 |
[04:49] | since that infamous post-Discovery interview. | 他就再也没有公开露面 |
[04:52] | Completely off the grid– | 完全隐居了 |
[05:09] | I was listening to that. | 我正听着呢 |
[05:11] | I was listening to that. | 我正听着呢 |
[05:14] | I’m sorry, I thought– I thought that I was alone. | 抱歉 我以为船上就我一个人 |
[05:18] | It’s off-season. | 现在是淡季 |
[05:19] | Why the fuck are you going to this dreary island? | 你去这个荒凉的小岛干什么 |
[05:22] | Well, you’re going there. | 你不也去吗 |
[05:50] | Are you one of those lunatics who just sits | 你是电影院里那种 |
[05:53] | next to a complete stranger in an empty movie theater? | 会跑到一个陌生人旁边坐下来的神经病吗 |
[05:55] | You look so familiar to me. | 你看起来好眼熟 |
[05:58] | It’s possible we’ve met, | 我们有可能见过 |
[05:59] | but you don’t have a memorable face. | 但你的长相太普通 让人记不住啊 |
[06:02] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:04] | I’m sorry. I don’t know why I said that. | 抱歉 我不知道我怎么说这种话 |
[06:06] | I didn’t mean that. I just… | 我不是那个意思 我就是… |
[06:09] | The water. I’m just a little seasick. | 水的关系 我有点晕船 |
[06:13] | That’s weird. It’s your lucky day. | 真是怪了 你很走运啊 |
[06:15] | I don’t normally carry these around. | 我出门一般不带着这玩意 |
[06:19] | – Vertigo. – I’m not dizzy. | -头晕药 -我不晕 |
[06:21] | You can’t treat vertigo, just the effects. That’s for nausea. | 头晕治不好 药只是能缓解恶心的症状 |
[06:28] | Do I look like the kind of girl | 我看起来像是那种 |
[06:29] | who’s just gonna take a pill from some strange guy? | 随便接受陌生人药物的女孩吗 |
[06:33] | Fair enough. | 说得倒也是 |
[06:43] | Isla. My name’s Isla. | 艾拉 我叫艾拉 |
[06:46] | I don’t look like an Isla, though. | 尽管我看起来不像「艾拉」 |
[06:48] | Your first three years, | 三岁之前 |
[06:49] | you look like whatever name you’re given, | 人的长相和名字都很搭 |
[06:51] | then by four, you either settle into your name or you just… | 到了4岁 你要么变得人如其名要么就… |
[06:55] | – What about you? – What? | -你呢 -什么 |
[06:58] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么 |
[07:00] | Will Stevenson. | 威尔·史蒂文森 |
[07:04] | Will. | 威尔 |
[07:06] | What? | 怎么了 |
[07:07] | I’m just trying to see if you look like your name. | 我就是在想你的长相跟名字搭不搭 |
[07:10] | – What’s the verdict there? – I don’t know. | -你的结论是 -说不好 |
[07:14] | It’s too early to tell. | 现在还言之过早 |
[07:16] | You know, Will is just such a, like, “Will” Name. | 「威尔」是个很随意的名字 |
[07:21] | You’re really something. | 你真挺与众不同啊 |
[07:24] | Happy second Discovery anniversary, Will. | 「重大发现」两周年快乐 威尔 |
[07:27] | They said on the news | 新闻上说据预测 |
[07:27] | they’re expecting like a whole slew of suicides today. | 今天又会有大批人自杀 |
[07:30] | People trying to get there for the anniversary. | 大家想去「来世」庆祝周年纪念 |
[07:33] | I heard something about that. | 这我也听说了 |
[07:34] | Did you see that video of those dumb cheerleaders | 你看过那个视频吗 就一群白痴拉拉队员 |
[07:36] | taking pills on the 50-yard line? | 在球场上吞药的那个 |
[07:39] | I just can’t get behind the concept of suicide groups. | 我真无法理解这种自杀组织的概念 |
[07:41] | It’s so… disingenuous, you know? | 这太虚伪了 |
[07:44] | It just feels so weak. | 我就是感觉太软弱了 |
[07:47] | You don’t believe in the Discovery? | 你不相信「重大发现」吗 |
[07:49] | No, I don’t believe in suicide groups. | 不 我不信的是自杀组织 |
[07:51] | The Discovery is– I mean, the proof is overwhelming. | 「重大发现」是 事实胜于雄辩 |
[07:54] | Proof shouldn’t be overwhelming. Proof should be definitive. | 「事实胜于雄辩」还不够 要拿出确凿证据 |
[07:58] | So, you don’t believe. | 所以你并不信 |
[08:02] | I don’t believe the way everybody else does. | 我是不相信别人信的那一套 |
[08:04] | No, I don’t. | 对 我不信 |
[08:05] | – And how’s that? – I’m a neurologist. | -此话怎讲 -我是个神经科医生 |
[08:08] | Three months ago, I had a patient, really young, | 三个月前 我诊治了一个病人 她很年轻 |
[08:11] | found out that she had brain cancer. Very sad. | 诊断下来她有脑癌 我很遗憾 |
[08:14] | She reacted to that diagnosis | 而她对此却表现得 |
[08:16] | as though I’d handed her a fucking winning lottery ticket. | 像是我递给了她一张中了奖的彩票 |
[08:19] | It wasn’t because she hoped | 并不是因为她希望 |
[08:21] | that maybe she was going someplace better. | 或许她死后能上天堂 |
[08:22] | It was because the Discovery | 而是因为「重大发现」 |
[08:24] | made her think that it was guaranteed. | 让她坚信一定会去更好的地方 |
[08:26] | Well, yeah. Death used to be something we just had to live with, | 是啊 我们以前对待死亡只能听天由命 |
[08:29] | and now it’s a convenient way to escape pain. | 而如今死亡只是逃避痛苦的便捷手段 |
[08:32] | – That’s okay. – That’s okay? | -这没什么 -没什么 |
[08:34] | Another plane of existence, maybe. | 「另一个次元世界」 大概存在吧 |
[08:36] | Who knows? | 谁知道呢 |
[08:37] | But I look around, | 但我环顾四周 |
[08:38] | I see a lot of people jumping out of planes | 只看见一帮人跳下飞机 |
[08:40] | hoping they’re gonna grow wings. | 希望自己会长出翅膀 |
[08:42] | Reality and fantasy are mutually exclusive. | 现实和幻想是相斥的 |
[08:45] | They don’t exist in the same space. | 他们是无法共存的 |
[09:09] | What? | 你想说什么 |
[09:12] | When I was five, I had an accident, | 我5岁的时候 出过一次事故 |
[09:13] | and I died for about a minute. | 「死」了一分钟左右 |
[09:17] | When I was resuscitated, I told my parents that I saw something. | 我被救醒后 我跟父母说我看见了一些东西 |
[09:21] | Flashes. A little boy. | 闪光 一个小男孩 |
[09:24] | Me, maybe, or my brother. | 可能是我 或者我弟弟 |
[09:27] | I felt stranded… | 我感觉被困住了 |
[09:29] | Stranded where? | 困在哪儿了 |
[09:31] | This empty beach. It doesn’t matter. It was a dream. | 空荡的海滩 这不重要 那只是个梦 |
[09:36] | It was a dream that I embellished after I woke up. | 是个我醒来后 自己添油加醋过的梦 |
[09:45] | Why would you make all that up? | 你为什么要编这个故事出来 |
[09:47] | I think it’s our instinct to search for meaning, | 我觉得追寻意义是我们的本能 |
[09:49] | and when there is none, it’s our instinct to create meaning | 而一旦遍寻不着 我们就会本能地制造意义 |
[09:52] | and we just… lie. We lie to ourselves. | 我们会直接撒谎 自欺欺人 |
[09:57] | You are so annoying. Has anyone ever told you that? | 你真烦人啊 有人这么对你说过吗 |
[10:02] | Yeah, they have. | 嗯 有的 |
[10:05] | Thank God we only have a minute left together | 还好再等一分钟我搭上车后 |
[10:07] | before we’re strangers again. | 我们就分道扬镳了 |
[10:09] | You think it’s gonna be a minute this time of year? You’re crazy. | 你觉得这个时节等一分钟就能等到吗 你疯了啊 |
[10:18] | Crazy, but right. | 是疯 但我没说错 |
[10:19] | That’s the attractive-girl component and I didn’t factor that in. | 你是个美女 我没把这点计算在内 |
[10:22] | You’d better work on your math. | 你的数学有待提高啊 |
[10:28] | For whatever it’s worth, I think you do look like an Isla. | 不管怎样 我觉得你确实很像「艾拉」 |
[10:32] | How many of us have you met? | 你见过多少个「艾拉」 |
[11:15] | – I got it. – No, I got it, man. | -我来吧 -不 我来 兄弟 |
[11:18] | Well, I don’t want to die before we get there, Toby. | 我可不想死在半路上 托比 |
[11:31] | – What’s going on over here? – Eddie. | -这里发生什么了 -埃迪 |
[11:34] | Wait, Eddie Iodice? Eddie died? | 等下 埃迪·埃厄戴斯 埃迪死了 |
[11:37] | Yeah, just to get there. | 嗯 就为了去往「来世」 |
[11:40] | Just to fucking get there. | 去往该死的「来世」 |
[11:43] | Guy pulled a Marilyn Monroe, | 他学玛丽莲·梦露 |
[11:44] | downed a whole bottle of pills right there in his bedroom. | 在卧室里吞了一整瓶药 |
[11:50] | Good dude, too. | 那哥们人挺好的 |
[11:52] | – Real pity. – You didn’t wanna go to the service? | -真的很遗憾 -你不想去参加葬礼吗 |
[11:57] | Go to the…? | 去参加 |
[11:57] | I would rather stick my dick in a wood chipper | 我宁愿把小鸡鸡插木材切片机里 |
[12:01] | – than go to another fucking funeral. – Got it. | -也不想再参加一场该死的葬礼了 -懂了 |
[12:09] | You know, I’m not as stupid as you might think. | 我没有你想象中那么傻 |
[12:14] | When you called the other day and I told you | 那天你打电话来 我对你说 |
[12:17] | that Dad had built something new… | 爸又造了个新玩意儿… |
[12:20] | after that conversation… | 那次通话后 |
[12:23] | suddenly you wanted to come home. | 你突然就想回家了 |
[12:27] | You’re sounding just as paranoid as him. | 你这话说得像是跟他一样多疑 |
[12:39] | Dad said he needed to change things up. | 爸说他得换个地方 |
[12:41] | People knowing our address was too dangerous. | 暴露我们的地址太危险了 |
[12:44] | I’m sorry I couldn’t tell you on the phone, | 我很抱歉我不能在电话里告诉你 |
[12:48] | but we don’t trust phones now. | 我们现在已经不信任电话了 |
[13:03] | Here we are. | 我们到了 |
[13:15] | Off to see the wizard. | 去见「大魔法师」吧 |
[13:28] | What the fuck is this place? | 这是什么鬼地方 |
[13:32] | It used to be a summer camp for “Troubled youths.” | 这里本来是「问题少年」的夏令营营地 |
[13:38] | Which I never really understood, | 我一直不明白 |
[13:40] | because if they’re bad kids, | 如果他们都是坏孩子了 |
[13:41] | why would they deserve a fun summer? You know? | 哪还有资格过有趣的暑假呢 你说呢 |
[13:46] | But then it shut down and Dad bought it. | 后来夏令营关了 被爸买下了 |
[13:50] | What do you think? | 你觉得如何 |
[13:52] | I think it’s completely insane. | 我觉得这简直荒唐至极 |
[13:56] | Well, the truth is | 事实上 |
[13:56] | we just needed a lot more space to house things. | 我们需要更多收容空间 |
[14:02] | House what things? | 收容什么 |
[14:05] | These people were all affected by the Discovery. | 这些人都受到「重大发现」的影响 |
[14:10] | Some of them arrived here | 他们中有些人 |
[14:11] | after two or three failed suicide attempts. | 经过两三次自杀未遂后来到这里 |
[14:14] | We gave them a home, | 我们为其提供住所 |
[14:16] | something to live for in this life, a reason to contribute. | 提供活下去的动力 积极贡献的理由 |
[14:34] | Real quick. | 有点小事 |
[14:36] | Just FYI, FBI-type thing, protocol is no cell phones. | 提醒下 类似联邦局标准 禁止携带手机 |
[14:41] | – Yeah, okay. Let’s go. – Yeah. | -好 行 我们走吧 -好 |
[14:51] | Hey, don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[15:00] | This is truly thrilling. | 这真令人兴奋 |
[15:02] | I can only compare it to the model train set | 唯一能与其媲美的就是 |
[15:04] | you let me assemble by myself on my birthday. | 我生日时 你让我自己组装的火车模型 |
[15:10] | Cutting it a little close. | 时间有点太紧了 |
[15:12] | Well, you know me. | 你了解我 |
[15:14] | Pins and needles, needles and pins. | 坐如针毡 紧张不安 |
[15:18] | These goddamn machines. | 这些破烂机器 |
[15:21] | – Who the hell’s that? – His other son just returned. | -他是谁 -他的另一个儿子刚回来了 |
[15:25] | Surprisingly taller than I remember. | 没想到比我想象中要高一些 |
[15:29] | Good to see you again, Cooper. | 很高兴我们又见面了 库珀 |
[15:31] | Will, Lacey. Lacey… | 威尔 这是莱西 莱西… |
[15:34] | That went well. | 「挺顺利的开场」 |
[15:36] | Where’s Dad? | 老爸在哪 |
[15:50] | – Is he dead? – No, of course not. | -他死了吗 -没 当然没有 |
[15:54] | He is now. | 他现在死了 |
[15:56] | – Fifteen seconds. – Dad? | -15秒 -老爸 |
[15:59] | Take it easy. They’re just running some tests. | 别激动 他们只是做些测试而已 |
[16:01] | – It’s all routine. – Ten seconds. | -都是些常规试验 -10秒 |
[16:04] | Paddles charged… and ready. | 除颤仪已充电… 准备就绪 |
[16:09] | See, they’re recharging the body to reboot the brain. | 他们通过电击身体来重启大脑 |
[16:13] | The longest he’s ever officially under is, like, 60 seconds. | 他最长一次试验记录 大概有60秒 |
[16:45] | So, Dad is now killing himself and electroshocking back to life. | 这么说 老爸是先自杀 然后再被电活 |
[16:50] | No. | 不是 |
[16:52] | Kind of. | 差不多 |
[16:54] | But you’re… You’re looking at this all wrong. | 但是你… 不是你想象中那样 |
[16:57] | You’re wearing whatever the opposite of… | 你总站在那个什么的对立面… |
[17:00] | What is it? Rose-colored glasses. | 什么来着 乐观态度 |
[17:01] | That’s what you’re wearing. | 你就是那种态度 |
[17:03] | Shit-colored glasses. | 太悲观 |
[17:06] | Anyway, you shouldn’t worry, | 总之 你不用担心 |
[17:07] | because all of this is being closely monitored and controlled. | 因为一切都受到严密监视 都在掌控之内 |
[17:12] | And we both know | 而且我们都知道 |
[17:13] | you’ve always been slightly skeptical of everything. | 你对什么事都抱着怀疑的态度 |
[17:16] | Dad started a cult. | 老爸成立了个邪教 |
[17:19] | – No. – Can you not see that? This is a cult. | -没有 -你看不出来吗 这就是个邪教 |
[17:21] | All the way down to these followers in different-colored jumpsuits. | 到处都是穿着不同颜色连体裤的信徒 |
[17:24] | No, no, no. There’s no hierarchy here, Will. | 不 不 这里没有阶级 威尔 |
[17:28] | Dad calls it… distinctions in clearance. | 老爸管这叫做… 许可级别差异 |
[17:32] | That’s all. It’s not a cult. | 只是这样 这不是邪教 |
[17:32] | It should be different. Straitjackets. | 应该换个「约束服」 |
[17:36] | You’re the one that wanted to come back here | 不管出于什么原因 |
[17:37] | if you remember for whatever reason. Right? | 是你自己主动回来的 记得吧 |
[17:41] | Now, that, right there, is the million-dollar question. | 这个就是最有价值的问题了 |
[17:46] | Welcome back, Will. | 欢迎回来 威尔 |
[18:00] | You mind telling me something? | 你有什么想对我说的吗 |
[18:02] | What are you doing back here? | 你回来有什么事 |
[18:06] | I’m here because I want you to stop it. | 我回来是想让你叫停这一切 |
[18:09] | I’m asking you just to put an end to all this. | 我想让你结束这一切 |
[18:12] | How would I do that? | 我要怎么做 |
[18:15] | Say that you were wrong. | 承认你自己错了 |
[18:18] | Take it all back. | 收回说过的话 |
[18:18] | I can’t take it back, Will, because it’s the truth. | 我不能收回 因为这是事实 |
[18:21] | Who knows better than you? | 没人比你更清楚这点 |
[18:22] | You were the inspiration for this. | 你可是这一切的灵感来源 |
[18:24] | Aren’t you curious? | 难道你不好奇吗 |
[18:26] | Please, don’t say that. That’s not… | 千万别这么说 那不是… |
[18:29] | – I wasn’t. – But you were. | -我不是 -但就是你 |
[18:31] | Hang on. | 等一下 |
[18:38] | “Therefore, it is my belief | 「因此 我相信 |
[18:41] | consciousness should be considered as another state of matter.” | 意识应该被视为是另一种物质状态」 |
[18:44] | – Please don’t. – Hang on. | -别念了 -别急 |
[18:45] | I’d like to get to this other part. It gets good. | 我还想念下这段 这段写得更好 |
[18:49] | “Properties of consciousness arise | 「意识之属性始于 |
[18:50] | from the physical laws that govern our universe.” | 支配我们宇宙的物理定律」 |
[18:54] | – I was wrong. – You don’t believe that. | -我错了 -你才不信自己错了 |
[18:59] | We were wrong, Dad. | 我们错了 老爸 |
[19:01] | We were wrong because a lot of people died. | 我们错了 因为好多人都死了 |
[19:05] | And a whole lot more people are gonna kill themselves… | 还有更多的人在走上自杀之路… |
[19:09] | while you experiment here in this ridiculous fortress. | 而你却在这座荒谬的城堡里进行实验 |
[19:13] | So, just slamming on the brakes of 40 years’ work? | 你要就让我四十年的研究就付之东流吗 |
[19:17] | I’d be saying I’m responsible. | 那我将难辞其咎 |
[19:19] | Maybe you are. | 或许你确实是 |
[19:21] | So, you think I’ve gone too far? | 所以 你觉得我太过火了吗 |
[19:24] | Well, I don’t think I’ve gone far enough. | 我不觉得我做得还不够彻底 |
[19:28] | We opened the door for these people, Will. | 我们敞开门接收这些人 威尔 |
[19:30] | They know it’s there. | 他们知道「来世」存在 |
[19:33] | Now we have to show them what’s behind it. | 我们得向他们展示其背后的真面目 |
[20:36] | Isla! | 艾拉 |
[20:57] | Isla! | 艾拉 |
[21:16] | Isla! | 艾拉 |
[21:29] | Isla! | 艾拉 |
[21:39] | Fuck! | 该死 |
[21:41] | – What are you doing? – What’s your problem? | -你干什么啊 -你有毛病啊 |
[21:49] | Come on. Stand up. Get up. | 快 站起来 起来 |
[21:55] | Why are you doing this? | 你为什么要这么做 |
[21:56] | None of your fucking business. | 不关你的事 |
[21:58] | You sat there on that fucking ferry | 你坐在那艘该死的渡轮上 |
[22:01] | and had a conversation with me, | 和我交谈了一番 |
[22:03] | knowing you were gonna do this the whole time. | 其实已经铁了心要这么做了 |
[22:05] | You were supposed to be the last person I ever spoke to. | 你本该是我生前最后交谈的人 |
[22:11] | You don’t get to just change that! | 你不能随便就改变这一切 |
[22:15] | You’re not even emotional about dying. | 你连面对死亡都不带感情 |
[22:19] | I’m not emotional about anything. | 我对一切都没有感情 |
[22:38] | I’m just concerned… | 我只是担心… |
[22:40] | that this will all be perceived unfavorably by some. | 有人会曲解这件事 |
[22:44] | She was going to catch pneumonia, Toby. | 她会得肺炎 托比 |
[22:47] | I still don’t know what you want me to do with her. | 我还是不懂 你想让我怎么帮她 |
[22:50] | You told me that you take in people who need help. | 你告诉我 你们接纳需要帮助的人 |
[22:53] | She needs help. | 她需要帮助 |
[22:54] | She still can’t just stay here. | 她不能就这样留下 |
[22:57] | We have rules. | 我们有规定 |
[22:58] | Then can we make an exception… in her case, please? | 那就不能为她破例一次吗 求你了 |
[23:02] | We’re talking about somebody’s life. | 这可关系到一条人命啊 |
[23:04] | We have no idea if she will attempt or try to… | 我们都不知道她会不会再企图… |
[23:09] | Kill myself again? | 再次自杀 |
[23:12] | You can say it. | 你明说就好 |
[23:12] | I know what happened. | 我清楚事情的始末 |
[23:13] | I was there when you ruined it. | 我眼睁睁看着你毁掉了我的自杀计划 |
[23:15] | She and I have been getting along great. | 她和我相处得很愉快 |
[23:18] | We still have rules. | 但我们还是有规定 |
[23:19] | She has to talk to Dad, | 她得和老爸谈谈 |
[23:21] | and she has to take the questionnaire. | 也得完成问卷 |
[23:22] | What’s the questionnaire? | 什么问卷 |
[23:25] | Can we be…? | 我们能… |
[23:29] | Will, you have a visitor. | 威尔 你有客人啊 |
[23:32] | Your dad is Thomas Harber? | 你父亲是托马斯·哈勃 |
[23:39] | So, nobody but the conductor, which is me, | 除了问卷调查员 也就是我 |
[23:42] | is gonna know your answers. | 没人会知道你的回答 |
[23:44] | Everything is completely discreet here. | 这里每件事都完全保密 |
[23:48] | And now Lacey will be giving us some privacy. | 莱西会出去 这里将只有你我二人 |
[23:53] | It used to be about global exploration, | 以前 人们关注全球探索 |
[23:55] | you know, discovering new land, | 发现新大陆 |
[23:57] | and then it was space travel. | 后来又将目光转向太空旅行了 |
[23:59] | Shining a light on the dark corners of the universe. | 揭开宇宙黑暗一角的真面目 |
[24:02] | And now it’s exploring what comes after this life. | 如今的关注点在于探索「来世」 |
[24:06] | Seeing what’s next. | 探求「来世」的模样 |
[24:07] | How old are you? | 你多大了 |
[24:10] | You are all part of the same thing. | 你们都是相同事物的一份子 |
[24:12] | Cells in a body. | 肌体的细胞 |
[24:14] | Waves in the ocean. | 大海的波浪 |
[24:17] | The soul isn’t young or old. | 灵魂无关年龄 |
[24:20] | It isn’t ours to improve. | 不是我们能够提高的 |
[24:22] | Do you accept the fact that | 你认可这一事实吗 |
[24:23] | time is a nonlinear illusion created by man? | 时间是人为制造的非线性错觉 |
[24:27] | Pass. I don’t know what that means. | 下一题 我不懂这题什么意思 |
[24:29] | There are no right or wrong answers to this questionnaire. | 这份问卷没有标准答案 |
[24:32] | Then why do you bother giving it? | 那你为什么要问呢 |
[24:34] | That’s a good response. | 问得好 |
[24:37] | Okay, greatest ability… and most disappointing weakness. | 好 请说出你长处及弱点所在 |
[24:42] | I guess I’m good at seeing what makes somebody tick. | 我擅长发现别人的行事意图 |
[24:45] | Understanding who they really are. | 了解他们真实的自我 |
[24:48] | Weakness? | 弱点呢 |
[24:49] | I’m able to understand them, | 我能理解他们 |
[24:50] | but I’m not able to care about them. | 但无法感同身受 |
[24:53] | If somebody mentions “subconscious” to you, | 如果有人对你提起了「潜意识」一词 |
[24:55] | what do you think? | 你会想到什么 |
[24:56] | – Memory. – Dig deeper. | -记忆 -再往深处想一下 |
[24:59] | Hidden memory. | 潜藏的记忆 |
[25:00] | Would you say that you suppress emotions? | 你会压抑情感吗 |
[25:03] | I don’t really like talking about myself like this. | 我真的不太喜欢以这种方式谈论自己 |
[25:05] | You don’t have to like it. | 你不必喜欢这种方式 |
[25:06] | We think about ourselves every day. | 我们每天都在审视自己 |
[25:08] | Everything is from our own perspective. | 我们对事物的认知来源于自身的观点 |
[25:10] | So, as much as you may not want to indulge yourself | 所以 即使你不愿沉浸于 |
[25:13] | in looking at your most inner thoughts, | 审视内心深处的想法中 |
[25:15] | they’re there. | 也无法否认其存在 |
[25:15] | Make no mistake. They are there. | 毫无疑问 思想真实存在 |
[25:23] | Do you believe in a soul? | 你相信灵魂的存在吗 |
[25:24] | If not, close your eyes. | 如果不相信 就闭上眼睛 |
[25:30] | Great. Let’s just say a soul does exist. | 很好 假设灵魂真实存在 |
[25:32] | Where in the body do you think it’d be? | 你觉得会位于身体的哪个部位呢 |
[25:34] | I think if there’s a soul, it would belong in the brain. | 如果灵魂真实存在 应该会大脑中吧 |
[25:42] | Now, that’s interesting. | 有点意思 |
[25:43] | Most people say the stomach. | 多数人认为在肠胃中 |
[25:45] | But I like that you didn’t. | 但我很欣赏你的回答 |
[25:55] | Have you ever experienced sudden loss? | 你有过突然失去所爱之人的经历吗 |
[25:58] | Yes. | 有 |
[26:00] | And what aspect of regaining normalcy after losing someone… | 那么 痛失所爱后恢复正常的过程中 |
[26:06] | was the most difficult? | 最艰难的一点是什么 |
[26:11] | Inanimate objects, maybe? | 大概是冷冰冰的物体吧 |
[26:14] | Like… my coffee table. | 比如… 我的咖啡桌 |
[26:17] | I’ve had it for years | 陪伴了我很多年 |
[26:18] | and I’ve probably looked at it a million times, | 而且 我大概注视过无数遍了 |
[26:20] | but after he– | 但自从他… |
[26:24] | Familiar objects just became distorted and unfamiliar. | 熟悉的事物变得扭曲而陌生 |
[26:27] | I started to hate my ceiling fan, my cereal bowl, my tea kettle. | 我开始厌弃我的吊扇 麦片碗 茶壶 |
[26:34] | Okay, last question. | 好 最后一个问题 |
[26:37] | Are you legitimately suicidal? | 你真有自杀倾向吗 |
[26:45] | If you knew what came after… this life… | 如果你知道「来世」的模样 |
[26:49] | do you think it would affect your decision-making | 你觉得那会影响你做出的决定 |
[26:51] | or maybe even make you change your mind? | 亦或甚至使你改变想法吗 |
[26:54] | Maybe. Knowing could change things. | 可能会 已知会改变很多事情 |
[27:05] | How’d you know this is where you’d be staying? | 你怎么知道自己会住这一间 |
[27:10] | I found our old bed. | 我认出了我们以前的床 |
[27:11] | Yeah, I see that. | 嗯 确实是 |
[27:13] | And you should thank me… by the way, | 这么说来 你该感谢我 |
[27:15] | because I fought long and hard to keep old faithful here. | 因为我费了好大劲才将这里保持原状 |
[27:22] | How’s Isla? | 艾拉怎么样了 |
[27:26] | That’s actually why I’m here. | 我正是为这事而来 |
[27:28] | Will, she’s dead. | 威尔 她死了 |
[27:30] | No, she’s not. She’s not dead. | 不 她没死 她没死 |
[27:33] | That was a bad joke. | 就是说个冷笑话 |
[27:35] | But the questionnaire is all wrapped up. | 但问卷已经做完了 |
[27:39] | She can stay. | 她可以留下 |
[27:41] | Yeah, good. She needs to be looked after. | 嗯 很好 她需要有人照顾 |
[27:43] | She could try again. | 她有可能再次自杀 |
[27:46] | I don’t think that’s going to happen, Will. | 我觉得那不太可能 威尔 |
[27:58] | Because tonight… | 因为今晚… |
[28:01] | everything changes. | 一切都将改变 |
[28:04] | We finally unveil it. | 我们终于揭开了「它」的面纱 |
[28:08] | What is “It,” Toby? | 「它」是什么 托比 |
[28:12] | Dad wanted me to invite you to a little gathering tonight, | 爸希望我邀请你参加今晚一个小集会 |
[28:15] | just a select group. | 只有被选中的人才能参会 |
[28:20] | Boy, this is nothing like our old house. | 天 我们以前在家可完全不是这样 |
[28:33] | It sounds to me a lot like you’re advocating murder. | 在我看来 你很赞同谋杀 |
[28:37] | I’m not advocating murder. | 我不赞同谋杀 |
[28:38] | I’m just pointing out that | 我只是想说 |
[28:39] | most people don’t look at ending somebody else’s life | 多数人认为 终结他人的生命 |
[28:42] | the way they do their own. | 与终结自己的生命有所不同 |
[28:46] | Where is he? | 他在哪里 |
[28:48] | It’s about to happen. | 就快要开始了 |
[28:50] | I can’t tell when you’re talking to me or that. | 我搞不清你是不是在对我说话 |
[28:52] | It’s really annoying. | 真让人恼火 |
[28:55] | Anyways, what I’m saying is, | 总之 我想说的是 |
[28:57] | people are killing themselves to get there. | 人们在通过自杀去往「来世」 |
[28:59] | At a certain point, | 到某个阶段 |
[29:00] | they’ll use the same logic to kill somebody else, | 他们会用同样的逻辑杀死别人 |
[29:03] | ’cause they’re just sending them somewhere else, right? | 因为他们只是把「死者」送往别的世界了 是吧 |
[29:06] | Finally, he’s here. | 他终于来了 |
[29:10] | And he is not wearing the temp jumpsuit I had left for him. | 他没穿我留给他的临时连体服 |
[29:16] | We’re programmed to process our experiences | 大脑在处理经历与体验时 |
[29:19] | as having a beginning and an end, | 总是按照开始与结束处理 |
[29:20] | when, in reality… doesn’t exist. | 而这在现实中是不存在的 |
[29:25] | It’s just one long, drawn-out middle. | 存在的只有冗长乏味的中间过程 |
[29:29] | Some of you are newer than others, | 你们中有些人比其他人来得晚 |
[29:31] | but I wanted to create a select group | 但我想挑选些人成立一个小组 |
[29:32] | that could see what it is that I built. | 来看看我的创造成果 |
[29:36] | But before we do that, I’d like to take a moment | 但这么做之前 我想花点时间 |
[29:39] | and have you join me in… | 请你们和我一起 |
[29:43] | bowing our heads… | 感恩祈祷 |
[29:50] | And let your subconscious… take you somewhere else. | 让潜意识带领你们去往他处 |
[30:00] | I’m sort of amazed that you get swept up in this, this easily. | 我有些惊讶 你这么轻易就融入了这里 |
[30:04] | You don’t strike me as a say-your-prayers type. | 你看起来不是那种动不动就祈祷的人 |
[30:08] | Just because somebody doesn’t believe in God | 不信仰上帝 |
[30:09] | doesn’t mean they can’t pray. | 并不意味着不能祈祷 |
[30:11] | What kind of an atheist talks to God? | 哪种无神论者会同上帝对话 |
[30:19] | Why did you give me a phony, bullshit last name? | 你为什么跟我瞎说了你的姓 |
[30:24] | It wasn’t phony. It was my mother’s maiden name. | 不是瞎说 是我母亲的娘家姓 |
[30:27] | Where is she? | 她人呢 |
[30:30] | She’s dead. | 她死了 |
[30:33] | How did she die? | 怎么死的 |
[30:38] | Because of my dad. | 是因为我父亲 |
[30:42] | Let us come back into this moment. | 让我们回到当下 |
[30:53] | I now offer you the opportunity… | 现在我要给大家一个机会 |
[30:57] | to see the afterlife. | 看看「来世」的样子 |
[31:02] | I can now record where we go. | 我能记录到我们会去哪里了 |
[31:20] | Please… get these back to us | 请尽快签完字 |
[31:24] | at your earliest convenience. | 把文件还给我们 |
[31:26] | And again, these living quarters are just temporary | 再次申明 这些住宿舍是暂时的 |
[31:30] | until we can find you a more suitable room. | 我们会为你找到更适宜的房间 |
[31:34] | When I first moved here, I slept on a cot in the kitchen. | 我刚搬来的时候 睡在厨房的小床上 |
[31:39] | Glamorous. | 「很豪华」 |
[31:41] | I’m supposed to be at the bottom of the ocean, | 我本该沉入海底的 |
[31:43] | so this should be fine. | 所以这样就很不错了 |
[31:45] | Can I have a pen? | 能借我支笔吗 |
[31:50] | Nondisclosure agreement. | 保密协议 |
[31:51] | Well, considering the sensitivity, | 考虑到敏感性 |
[31:53] | it’s a fairly standard document. | 这样的标准性文件很必要 |
[31:55] | Could we have the room for a second, please? | 你能出去一下吗 |
[32:01] | You remember that awful week | 还记得那糟糕的一周吗 |
[32:03] | when we slept on the cot by the fridge? | 我们睡在冰箱旁的折叠床上 |
[32:06] | My back sure hasn’t forgotten. | 我的背痛得至今记忆犹新 |
[32:11] | So… I know that that device is very compelling. | 我知道那个装置非常引人入胜 |
[32:15] | Can we talk about it for a second? | 我们能聊一下吗 |
[32:17] | I’m not allowed to talk about it, | 我不能聊这些 |
[32:18] | ’cause I just signed a nondisclosure agreement. | 因为我刚签了保密协议 |
[32:24] | So, your dad’s a little weird. Who cares? | 你父亲是有些诡异 可又如何 |
[32:26] | It doesn’t make him wrong. | 这不代表他说错了 |
[32:27] | I mean, Poe fucked his cousin. | 坡和他表妹上床了 |
[32:30] | It didn’t make him any less a writer. | 但这没影响他在文学界的地位 |
[32:32] | I wanna see if that machine does what he thinks it does. | 我想看看那个机器是不是真像他描述得那么厉害 |
[32:35] | Well, what if it did? | 如果确实是呢 |
[32:37] | How would that change things? | 那会有什么改变呢 |
[32:40] | You don’t go on vacation without looking at the brochure first. | 旅游度假前 总要先看宣传册吧 |
[32:52] | I’m sorry. Were you sleeping? | 抱歉 你睡了吗 |
[32:54] | I’m standing. | 我站着呢 |
[32:56] | Well, yeah. | 也是 |
[32:59] | That’s just something you’re supposed to say, I guess. | 但总要这样问一句吧 |
[33:03] | Since you’re up, | 既然你还没睡 |
[33:04] | mind coming downstairs and taking a look at something for me? | 能否下楼来 帮我看个东西呢 |
[33:08] | Yeah, sure. | 当然 |
[33:12] | Those that we have lost are not lost at all… | 我们失去的 其实并未失去… |
[33:16] | Where are you guys going? | 你们去哪里 |
[33:18] | It’s nothing. Don’t worry about it. | 没事 你别操心 |
[33:20] | …then it’s us who are lost. | 其实是我们迷失了 |
[33:22] | When he flatlines, | 当他心跳停止时 |
[33:24] | think of it as a light bulb turned off by a switch. | 你可以想象成是关掉了一盏灯 |
[33:28] | Flip it on, flip it off. | 把开关扳上 又扳下 |
[33:31] | But going under, hooked up to the new device, | 但失去意识 连上新的仪器 |
[33:34] | you’re not just flipping a light switch. | 可就不止是扳动电灯开关了 |
[33:36] | You’re essentially detaching the entire bulb. | 基本上等同于拆开整个灯泡 |
[33:40] | So, I’d say that if you go under again… | 因此我得说 如果你再次失去意识 |
[33:43] | you’re coming back with next to no brain functionality. | 苏醒后 将会几乎失去大脑功能 |
[33:46] | I’m sort of surprised it hasn’t happened already. | 我很惊讶这居然还没发生 |
[33:51] | I know you wanted to be first, | 我知道你想第一个尝试 |
[33:52] | but if you don’t come back, what’s the point? | 但如果你回不来 这又有什么意义呢 |
[33:54] | We just go back to the drawing board. Right? | 我们还是从头再开始吧 |
[33:58] | I mean, it could still work, we just need to find a new way to… | 还是能行得通 只是得找个新的办法… |
[34:03] | We need a cadaver. | 我们需要一具尸体 |
[34:06] | Okay. I’m sorry to interrupt. | 好吧 抱歉打断你们 |
[34:09] | Where do you guys plan on getting a corpse? | 你们打算去哪里找尸体 |
[34:14] | I have a corpse idea. | 我有个办法 |
[34:34] | Am I being rude? | 我很失礼吗 |
[34:35] | – Am I being rude? -No. | -我很失礼吗 -不啊 |
[34:39] | – Care to… listen? – Sure. | -想听听音乐吗 -好啊 |
[34:44] | Crunchy groovy grooves. Serene nights. | 宁静的夜 欢快带感的节奏 |
[34:57] | Can I ask you something? | 能问你一件事吗 |
[34:59] | Will mentioned what happened to your mom earlier. | 威尔之前谈起你母亲的事 |
[35:03] | That she killed herself? | 她自杀的事吗 |
[35:07] | Not exactly. | 没这么说 |
[35:09] | So, she was trying to get there? | 她是想去「来世」吗 |
[35:11] | No, that was a good couple years before the Discovery. | 不 那是发生在「重大发现」好多年之前的事了 |
[35:31] | Yeah. | 进来吧 |
[35:41] | How you doing? | 你好吗 |
[35:43] | In the midst of life, I am in death. | 活着呢 身处亡者之中 |
[35:48] | That was weird. | 太诡异了 |
[35:49] | I was just wondering if you could help me out. | 不知道你能不能帮我个忙 |
[35:52] | My, cousin, Billy… | 我的表哥 比利 |
[35:56] | he’s gone missing. | 失踪了 |
[35:58] | And it being the two-year anniversary of the Discovery, | 刚好是「重大发现」两周年纪念日 |
[36:01] | we’re all just a little worried. | 我们都有点担心 |
[36:05] | Really worried. | 很担心 |
[36:07] | We got three John Does in this week. | 我们这周收到三具无名男尸 |
[36:08] | How long has he been missing? | 他失踪多久了 |
[36:11] | Nope. No. No Billy here. | 不是 不是 比利不在这里 |
[36:15] | Bummer. | 真糟 |
[36:17] | Would have made my life a hell of a lot easier. | 如果是 我就能轻松不少了 |
[36:20] | Sorry, that was insensitive. | 对不起 没有考虑到你的感受 |
[36:22] | They just got me running rampant here. | 只是尸体泛滥成灾 我都快疯了 |
[36:24] | I’m doing the job of five people. | 我一个人做着五个人的工作量 |
[36:27] | Off-season cutbacks and whatnot? Yeah. | 淡季裁员之类的 我明白 |
[36:32] | Can I give you a description… of Billy? | 我能给你描述一下比利长什么样子吗 |
[36:35] | That way if he does… come in, | 这样如果他真被送到这里 |
[36:38] | you can keep an eye out for him. | 麻烦帮我留意一下 |
[36:40] | Of course. | 当然可以 |
[36:43] | Let’s go to my office. | 去我办公室说吧 |
[36:51] | Hey, so, just curious… | 我只是有点好奇 |
[37:10] | I’d like to point out you’re | 我想说的是 |
[37:11] | reading off a laundry list of corpse requirements. | 你想在这么多尸体中找到符合条件的目标太难了 |
[37:14] | Aneurysm, that won’t work. | 这位得了脑动脉瘤 不行 |
[37:20] | It’d be nice if you could help me, | 既然我们都已经入室盗窃了 |
[37:22] | seeing as we’re breaking and entering. | 你就帮帮忙好不好 |
[37:24] | Like a real, like, pouty-type face. | 他长得就是一副气鼓鼓的样子 |
[37:29] | And then… | 还有就是… |
[37:32] | he’s got a birthmark on… | 他有块胎记 长在… |
[37:37] | Let’s see. On his right elbow. | 我想想 右边胳膊肘的位置 |
[37:40] | You’re not writing any of this down. | 我说的特征 你一个都没记下来 |
[37:42] | Well, I think I’ve got more than I need to go on here, so… | 我觉得你说得已经很详细 不用再说了 |
[37:45] | But we… We haven’t even gotten to the lower half of his body. | 但是我还没有描述他下半身的特征呢 |
[37:50] | Don’t you think it’s weird | 你不觉得很不可思议吗 |
[37:51] | how these people were alive a few hours ago? | 几个小时之前这些人还活着 |
[37:53] | They had fears and desires, they could exercise? | 他们有恐惧 有欲望 还会焦虑 |
[37:58] | I don’t think it’s weird. I think it’s fucking sad. | 我不觉得不可思议 我觉得真可悲 |
[38:03] | Maybe they went someplace better. | 或许他们去了一个更好的世界呢 |
[38:05] | Maybe they went someplace worse. | 或许他们去了一个更差的世界 |
[38:06] | Maybe they went someplace that | 或许他们去的地方 |
[38:07] | we can’t even begin to comprehend. | 我们完全不能理解 毫无头绪 |
[38:09] | All the more reason to see what your dad’s machine shows us. | 那就更应该看看你爸的机器能显示什么 |
[38:14] | Shit. | 该死 |
[38:18] | What? | 怎么了 |
[38:20] | “Fifty-two, massive coronary.” | 「五十二岁 心肌梗死」 |
[38:26] | Will… | 威尔 |
[38:30] | meet Pat Phillips. | 来认识一下帕特·菲利普斯 |
[38:36] | Pat Phillips, this is Will. | 帕特·菲利普斯 这位是威尔 |
[38:51] | I don’t like that creepy room Cooper put me in. | 我不喜欢库珀给我安排的吓人房间 |
[38:53] | I’m gonna sleep in your room tonight. | 今晚我就睡你屋里了 |
[39:03] | Top or bottom? | 你睡上铺还是下铺 |
[39:15] | We could talk, you know. | 我们可以聊聊天 |
[39:20] | When I’m nervous, I talk too much or not at all. | 我紧张的时候 要么话很多要么不说话 |
[39:24] | Well, you’re safe here. | 这里讲话很安全 |
[39:26] | I mean… nothing leaves the bunk beds. | 上下铺说过的话 都不会传出去 |
[39:34] | When I first got here and they gave me that jumpsuit, | 我刚来时 他们给了我那件连体服 |
[39:36] | it had a V etched on it. | 上面绣着一个字母「V」 |
[39:37] | I wonder what that stood for. | 我想知道那是什么意思 |
[39:41] | “Visitor,” Maybe? | 可能是「访客」的意思 |
[39:42] | Is that a guess? | 你是猜的吗 |
[39:44] | That was a pretty good guess. | 猜得很有道理 |
[39:47] | It’s like one of those really obvious answers | 就像有的答案很明显 |
[39:49] | that only seems obvious after you find out about it. | 但是只有知道答案之后 才会恍悟 |
[39:53] | Were you really smart growing up? I bet you were. | 你小时候是不是很聪明 你肯定是吧 |
[39:56] | I was told that I demonstrated an early ability | 他们说我很早就显示出 |
[39:58] | to recognize spatial patterns, | 识别空间格局的能力 |
[40:00] | whatever that means. | 不知道那是什么意思 |
[40:02] | I always took it as one of those things a teacher tells to | 我一直觉得那就是老师对家长的一套说辞 |
[40:04] | a parent to make them feel better about their shitty kid. | 他们孩子表现差 这样说让他们好受些 |
[40:08] | Like, “Gordon is very good at drawing circles. | 比如说「戈登非常擅长画圆圈 |
[40:10] | Gordon draws circles at a | 戈登画的圆圈 |
[40:12] | more advanced level than the other children.” | 比其他孩子画得都高级」 |
[40:16] | These bunk beds really worked out well, | 上下铺真不错 |
[40:18] | ’cause they spared me the awkwardness of | 一点都不尴尬 不用和你说 |
[40:19] | having to tell you I’m not gonna fuck you. | 我不想跟你上床 |
[40:23] | Sorry, all I heard was | 不好意思 我只听到 |
[40:24] | something about circles and not fucking me. | 你说什么圆圈 还有不想和我上床 |
[40:29] | I don’t wanna be the only fucked up person on this bunk bed, Will. | 我不想自己一个人在上铺烦心 威尔 |
[40:32] | Maybe… tell me about your mom now. | 要不然 你跟我说说你妈的事吧 |
[40:41] | There’s not much to tell. She killed herself. | 没什么好说的 她自杀了 |
[40:46] | On their anniversary. | 在结婚纪念日当天自杀的 |
[40:51] | How did she do it? | 她是怎么自杀的 |
[40:57] | She made them dinner, | 她准备了二人晚餐 |
[40:58] | and… my dad didn’t even come out of his office. | 而我爸都没出办公室 |
[41:06] | If he’d even just hinted that he gave a shit, | 如果当时他就是表示一下他还在乎她 |
[41:08] | I mean, who knows? | 谁知道结局会不会不同呢 |
[41:09] | But he couldn’t be bothered. So, she went upstairs… | 但是谁都不能打扰他 妈妈就上楼… |
[41:15] | took a bath instead and, | 去泡澡了 |
[41:19] | Yeah, the next morning I found her in the tub. | 第二天早上 我发现她死在浴缸里 |
[41:26] | And so, you left? | 所以你就离家出走了 |
[41:28] | Yeah, I had to. I couldn’t be around it. I knew. | 是的 没办法 我知道没法留在家里 |
[41:33] | It’s like everything that was recognizable | 就好像以前熟悉的一切 |
[41:35] | sort of instantly became unrecognizable. | 突然变得陌生起来 |
[41:44] | Sometimes I feel like I’m taking someone else’s spot | 有时候我觉得自己占了其他人的位置 |
[41:47] | and then I feel sad. | 我感觉很悲哀 |
[41:50] | How do you mean? | 这话什么意思 |
[41:52] | Like, being here alive is a waste | 就是 浪费生命的感觉 |
[41:54] | because… I don’t enjoy it, | 因为我不喜欢活着 |
[41:57] | I’m not happy or grateful… | 我不幸福 也不去感恩 |
[41:59] | and I’m taking a spot away from someone who | 我觉得我活着占了其他人的位置 |
[42:02] | maybe would’ve gotten something more out of it. | 如果是别人 可能会把人生过得更有意义 |
[42:05] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[42:07] | I guess I don’t think it works that way. | 生命的规则应该不是这样吧 |
[42:14] | Here’s something I haven’t heard anyone talk about. | 我从来没听别人讨论过一个问题 |
[42:18] | Do animals have an afterlife? | 动物有「来世」吗 |
[42:20] | Bunnies, kittens, pigs, monkeys. | 兔子 猫咪 小猪 猴子之类的 |
[42:23] | What happens to them after they die? | 它们死后会怎么样 |
[42:26] | I mean, I feel like they really deserve an afterlife. | 我真心觉得动物们值得拥有「来世」 |
[42:30] | Do they have their own animal afterlife? | 动物有不同于人类的「来世」吗 |
[42:32] | And if they do, is it subdivided by species? | 如果有 是按照物种划分的吗 |
[42:35] | Because it feels like something as profound as an afterlife | 我觉得像「来世」这么意义深刻的事 |
[42:38] | shouldn’t practice segregation. | 不应该区别对待 |
[42:48] | And what happens to a child? | 孩子们又会怎样呢 |
[43:00] | Hold hands till we fall asleep? | 我们牵着手睡吧 |
[43:17] | This doesn’t seem entirely fair. | 这听起来好像不太公平 |
[43:24] | Yeah, okay. | 好吧 |
[44:09] | Lacey? | 莱西 |
[44:18] | Okay, Toby? | 好 托比 |
[44:29] | Did you hit? Hit it again. | 你按了吗 再来一次 |
[44:36] | Again. | 再来 |
[44:40] | – Hit it again. – I’m hitting it. | -再来 -我按了 |
[44:44] | Hit it again. | 再按一次 |
[44:45] | – You’re gonna fry the body. – Toby, hit it again. | -你会把尸体电焦的 -托比 再来 |
[44:49] | Again. | 再来 |
[44:52] | Hit it again. | 再电一次 |
[44:57] | Again. Hit it again. | 再来 再按一次 |
[45:21] | Is this just a setback or…? | 这是失败了还是只是瓶颈 |
[45:24] | I’m really not sure. | 我真的不知道 |
[47:21] | Are you gonna see him? | 你要见他吗 |
[47:24] | Or are you just gonna continue to ignore it? | 还是想继续视而不见 |
[47:28] | I’m sorry… I can’t. | 抱歉… 我做不到 |
[47:30] | Of course you can’t. Story of your fucking life. | 你当然做不到 你这辈子就这么窝囊 |
[47:34] | Just run away and leave me to deal with the mess. | 只会逃避 把烂摊子丢给我 |
[47:46] | What are you doing with my body? | 你在对我的尸体做什么 |
[47:48] | Your body, is to be cremated at noon, so, I’m getting it ready. | 你的尸体要在中午火化 我在做准备 |
[47:53] | We do still have a little time to prep a redo. | 我们还有点时间重来一遍 |
[47:55] | Redo? Guys, come on. You almost fried the body. | 重来 别逗了 你差点把尸体电焦 |
[47:59] | You do this redo, you’re gonna cremate him early. All right? | 重来一遍是让他早点火化吗 |
[48:04] | Toby, rustle up a van. Will’s right. | 托比 找辆面包车 威尔说得对 |
[48:16] | It’s good. | 真好 |
[48:19] | Seeing you back in the labs again, it’s good. | 又能在实验室见到你了 真好 |
[48:22] | It’s where you belong. | 这才是你该待的地方 |
[48:53] | Toby, I want you to locate me a new corpse, immediately. | 托比 马上替我找具新的尸体 |
[49:11] | – Hey. Can I ask you something? – Okay. | -我能问你个问题吗 -问吧 |
[49:15] | – How’d you end up here? – Why? | -你怎么到这儿来了 -怎么这么问 |
[49:22] | I came home and found my dad and my sister hanging in my living room. | 我回到家 发现我爸和我姐在客厅上吊了 |
[49:26] | To get there. | 为了去往「来世」 |
[49:30] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[49:32] | It’s okay. They didn’t want me to come. | 没事 他们不想带上我 |
[49:43] | Can you imagine feeling abandoned | 你会感到被抛弃吗 |
[49:45] | ’cause your dad left you out of the family suicide? | 如果你爸没让你加入「全家自杀计划」 |
[49:50] | What’s wrong with you? | 你怎么了 |
[49:53] | Nothing, I’m just… I’m processing. | 没 我在想事情 |
[49:57] | I mean, do you ever get out of your head even for one minute? | 你是不是活在自己的世界里出不来了 |
[50:03] | Let’s do an experiment. Look at me. | 我们做个实验 看着我 |
[50:05] | Look at me and tell me the first thing that comes to your mind. | 看着我 说说你最先想到的念头是什么 |
[50:07] | I’m driving. | 我在开车 |
[50:11] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[50:13] | I don’t know you very well. | 我不太了解你 |
[50:16] | I think you’re beautiful, and alive, | 我觉得你很美 很活泼 |
[50:19] | and if you killed yourself, | 你要是自杀 |
[50:20] | it wouldn’t just be sad, it would be a tragedy. | 不仅是可惜 简直是个悲剧 |
[50:26] | Shut up. | 少贫嘴了 |
[50:36] | – You want the head or the feet? – Head. | -你抬头还是脚 -头 |
[50:38] | Okay. | 好 |
[50:44] | “Hey, Isla. What are you up to?” | 「艾拉 你最近忙什么」 |
[50:48] | “Nothing much, Jim. | 「没什么 吉姆」 |
[50:50] | I’m just… lugging a corpse through a parking lot.” | 「只不过是把尸体拖过停车场」 |
[50:55] | Why’d you go with “Jim”? | 为什么是「吉姆」 |
[50:57] | Don’t be jealous of hypothetical Jim. | 一个瞎编的人 你还吃醋 |
[50:59] | Believe me, if hypothetical Jim makes you not wanna kill yourself, | 说真的 要是吉姆能让你放弃自杀 |
[51:03] | I can be supportive. | 我可以支持你们 |
[51:04] | Do we just leave it here? | 就把尸体丢在这里吗 |
[51:07] | Believe it or not, it’s my first time returning a corpse, so… | 你可能不信 这是我第一次还尸体 |
[51:10] | I’m improvising. | 我只能即兴发挥 |
[51:15] | Hi, yeah, I was just driving by and this is kind of weird, | 你好 说来奇怪 我开车路过你们停车场 |
[51:18] | but there seems to be, like, | 你们那似乎 |
[51:21] | a dead body laying in your parking lot. | 躺着一具死尸 |
[51:25] | – That was pretty good. – Shut up. Get out. | -厉害 -闭嘴 下车 |
[51:27] | I’m saying you’re doing a good job. – Stop it. | 我在夸你做得不错 -闭嘴 |
[51:28] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[51:28] | Sorry. Yeah, no, bad… Bad reception on the island. | 抱歉 是 岛上信号不太好 |
[51:32] | Yeah, the body seems to be abandoned, and… I don’t know. | 看上去尸体像被扔在这儿的 说不好 |
[51:35] | Unless, of course, | 当然了 除非 |
[51:36] | you guys are playing some sort of fucked-up scavenger hunt. | 你们在玩什么扯淡的「寻宝游戏」 |
[51:42] | Okay. Yes, thank you. Bye. | 好的 谢谢 再见 |
[51:54] | – How’d that go? – It went really well. | -怎么样 -很顺利 |
[51:56] | Okay. You’re, like, weirdly good at that. | 你竟然对这种事出奇得在行 |
[52:01] | Here they are. | 他们过来了 |
[52:04] | They’re pretty confused. | 他们也挺困惑 |
[52:06] | What do you think they’re thinking? | 你觉得他们在想什么 |
[52:08] | I don’t know, but I think Pat Phillips | 不知道 但我觉得帕特·菲利普斯 |
[52:11] | has had a really tough few days. | 过去几天吃了不少苦头 |
[52:15] | We’re both going to hell. | 我们都会下地狱的 |
[52:17] | Yeah. Whatever the afterlife is, I guess. | 是啊 谁知道「来世」什么样 |
[52:23] | Just stupid. | 太蠢了 |
[53:11] | Are you gonna see him? | 你要见他吗 |
[53:14] | Or are you just gonna continue to ignore it? | 还是想继续视而不见 |
[53:17] | I’m sorry… I can’t. | 抱歉… 我做不到 |
[53:20] | Of course you can’t. Story of your fucking life. | 你当然做不到 你这辈子就这么窝囊 |
[53:24] | Just run away and leave me to deal with the mess. | 只会逃避 把烂摊子丢给我 |
[54:17] | What if this life is just a dream? | 如果这一世只是一场梦呢 |
[54:19] | Can I borrow your truck? | 卡车借我一用 |
[54:21] | Just for… I have to go get some stuff. | 我得… 去取点东西 |
[55:14] | As far as our records indicate, | 据我们的记录显示 |
[55:16] | we’ve had 23 patients with the name Phillips on file. | 医院接受过的病人里 叫菲利普斯的有23个 |
[55:22] | – How accurate are your records? – Accurate. | -你们的记录有多准确 -很准确 |
[55:26] | I would love to see that list. | 我想看看名单 |
[55:29] | I’m sure you would. | 我想也是 |
[56:23] | What the fuck? | 搞什么 |
[56:30] | Are you looking for something? | 你在找什么吗 |
[56:34] | Maybe you can help me. | 也许你能帮我 |
[56:37] | – Did there used to be a hallway here? – Used to. | -这里以前是个走廊吗 -以前是 |
[56:40] | They did a little remodeling. | 院方改建了一下 |
[56:44] | Took their sweet-ass time with it, too. | 还花了不少时间 |
[56:48] | I’m sorry, how long ago was that remodel? | 抱歉 改建是多久之前的事 |
[56:51] | About a decade ago. | 大约十年前吧 |
[57:30] | Where have you been? | 你去哪儿了 |
[57:34] | This is… This is interesting. | 发现了一件有意思的事 |
[57:45] | Okay, thank you, Toby. | 好了 谢谢你 托比 |
[57:47] | Thank you, my boy. | 谢谢你 孩子 |
[57:51] | Well, hello to you all. | 大家好 |
[57:54] | As always, it’s a pleasure. | 一如既往 很荣幸发表讲话 |
[57:57] | When you all first got here, you… | 你们刚到这里时 你们… |
[58:00] | You used this, uh, piece of equipment. | 你们都用过这台设备 |
[58:04] | The questionnaire. | 填过调查问卷 |
[58:06] | And your answers are what allowed you to stay here, | 你们的回答令你们得以留在此处 |
[58:08] | so, basically… a trust was built. | 基本上 信任自此建起 |
[58:13] | But lately, I’m beginning to wonder | 但最近我在想 |
[58:15] | if perhaps we’re getting just a little too comfortable here. | 我们这里是不是太安逸了 |
[58:19] | There’s a lot of loose talk going on. | 无稽之谈甚嚣尘上 |
[58:22] | And it makes me think | 不禁让我反思 |
[58:23] | that we just might be losing a little focus. | 也许是对你们太放松了 |
[58:29] | Lacey, would you join me, please? | 莱西 能上来一下吗 |
[58:39] | – What’s going on? – It’s okay. Relax. | -怎么了 -没事 放轻松 |
[58:42] | Would you like to tell us how long you’ve been here? | 告诉大家 你来这里多久了 |
[58:48] | just over a year. | 一年多 |
[58:50] | Just over a year. You were one of the first. | 一年多 你是头一批来的 |
[58:52] | How have you been treated? | 你在此待遇如何 |
[58:54] | Have you been treated well? | 过得好吗 |
[58:55] | – Have I been good to you? – You’ve been wonderful. | -我对你好吗 -你对我很好 |
[58:59] | – Why are you talking to me like this? – I’ve been wonderful. | -为什么这样说 -对你很好 |
[59:02] | If I’ve been wonderful, | 既然我对你很好 |
[59:03] | then why are you telling your peers about the device, | 为什么你要把机器的事告诉同伴了 |
[59:06] | and particularly… why are you saying it failed? | 特别是… 为什么你说机器失败了 |
[59:13] | Speak up. | 说话 |
[59:20] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[59:22] | I just told one person. | 我只告诉了一个人 |
[59:26] | It slipped out when I had mentioned | 新来的女孩受邀了 我跟人提起时 |
[59:27] | how the new girl was invited. | 不小心说漏了嘴 |
[59:30] | You mean Isla. | 你是说艾拉 |
[59:32] | You were displeased when I invited her here, weren’t you? | 我邀请她 你不开心了是吗 |
[59:36] | It’s just that some people who have been here much longer weren’t asked. | 只是觉得有些在这待得更久 却没受到邀请 |
[59:40] | Tell everyone where I found you. | 告诉大家我在哪里找到的你 |
[59:44] | Thomas. | 托马斯 |
[59:46] | It’s okay. | 没关系的 |
[59:48] | This is a safe place. | 你可以讲 |
[59:56] | In the woods. | 在树林里 |
[1:00:00] | Go on. | 继续 |
[1:00:07] | I had a gun. | 我拿着枪 |
[1:00:10] | And where was that gun aimed? | 你的枪对准了哪里 |
[1:00:16] | At my chest. | 我的胸膛 |
[1:00:19] | Right next to your heart. | 就在你心脏边上 |
[1:00:22] | Usually, it’s the head… | 通常想自杀的人会对准头部 |
[1:00:24] | or the barrel goes into the mouth. | 或是把枪管放进嘴里 |
[1:00:25] | I don’t know that I’ve ever seen it done that way before. | 我之前可没见过像你这样自杀的人 |
[1:00:31] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:00:35] | Please don’t lose faith in me. | 求你不要对我失去信任 |
[1:00:38] | “Faith.” | 「信任」 |
[1:00:40] | Oh, God. I have such contempt for that word. | 天啊 我真是瞧不起这个词 |
[1:00:43] | Show me someone who relies on faith | 但凡有人依靠信任 |
[1:00:45] | and I’ll show you someone who’s given up control | 就会有人过度信任 |
[1:00:47] | over whatever it is they believe. | 最后结局一发不可收拾 |
[1:00:49] | Sorry, there’s nothing more I can do for you, Lacey | 抱歉 我没什么能帮到你了 莱西 |
[1:00:51] | Thomas, please. | 托马斯 求你了 |
[1:00:52] | Pack up your belongings. | 收拾好行李 |
[1:00:53] | Say your goodbyes. | 跟大家说再见吧 |
[1:01:19] | That was a hell of a show out there. | 刚才真是一出好戏啊 |
[1:01:23] | Come on, Will. | 得了吧 威尔 |
[1:01:25] | You think I don’t know a lot of this is bullshit? | 你以为我不知道这里很多都是胡扯吗 |
[1:01:28] | You give meaning to people who think they have no more reason to live. | 你给生无可恋的人提供了活下去的意义 |
[1:01:32] | The jumpsuit, the chain of command, the theatrics. | 连身衣 管理系统 夸张的表演 |
[1:01:36] | It gives them purpose. And I care about them. | 他们靠这些活下去 我关心他们 |
[1:01:38] | Yeah. Someone should tell that to Lacey. | 是啊 这些话该说给莱西听 |
[1:01:44] | You… You can pretend all you want that the reason you left was | 你可以继续假装你离开的原因是 |
[1:01:49] | because you stopped approving of my work. | 你不再赞同我的成果 |
[1:01:51] | Work, by the way, that we did together. | 但别忘了 这是我俩一起的成果 |
[1:01:53] | But I think we both know | 但我们都知道 |
[1:01:54] | this was never about the Discovery for you. | 对你来说 一直都不是因为「重大发现」 |
[1:01:57] | It was always about your mother. | 而是因为你的母亲 |
[1:01:58] | Yes, of course it was about Mom for me. | 是 当然是因为我妈 |
[1:02:07] | Just because you wanna pretend like Mom did not happen… | 你想假装妈妈的事没发生 |
[1:02:12] | doesn’t mean that I’m going to. | 不代表我也得这样 |
[1:02:31] | – Can I show you something? – What? | -我能给你看些东西吗 -什么 |
[1:02:32] | – Just come with me. Please. – Sorry. | -跟我来就好 来吧 -抱歉 |
[1:02:40] | Wait. | 等等 |
[1:02:41] | – What is this? – That’s what I’m trying to figure out. | -这是什么 -我也想弄明白 |
[1:02:46] | You were gonna keep this from me? | 你之前打算一直瞒着我吗 |
[1:02:47] | No, I’m… I’m showing you now. | 没 我这不是给你看了 |
[1:02:50] | And I was afraid of what you might do. | 我怕你可能还想自杀 |
[1:02:57] | All right, so, the afterlife… | 好吧 所以 「来世」… |
[1:02:59] | This is the afterlife? | 这就是「来世」吗 |
[1:03:00] | How can it be the afterlife | 这怎么可能是「来世」呢 |
[1:03:01] | if we’re sitting in the same parking lot in that recording? | 我们就在上面显示的这个停车场里 |
[1:03:04] | Then what is it? | 那这是什么 |
[1:03:05] | My theory is that | 我的推论是 |
[1:03:06] | my father invented something that records memory. | 我父亲发明出了某种记录记忆的机器 |
[1:03:10] | You’ve heard him go on and on about the subconscious. | 你听他不停地念叨过潜意识 |
[1:03:13] | I understand that you wanted this to be something different. | 我知道你希望是其它结果 |
[1:03:18] | The proof is overwhelming that that’s a Pat Phillips memory. | 但事实胜于雄辩 这是帕特·菲利普斯的记忆 |
[1:03:22] | Proof shouldn’t be overwhelming. It should be definitive. | 「事实胜于雄辩」还不够 要拿出确凿证据 |
[1:03:38] | Where the fuck are we going? | 我们到底要去哪里啊 |
[1:03:40] | If what we’re seeing on that video happened in real life, | 如果视频中的事真实发生过 |
[1:03:42] | I’m gonna find out exactly when. | 我要查出何时发生的 |
[1:03:44] | Since this hospital opened, | 这家医院自开办以来 |
[1:03:46] | there have been 23 patients named Phillips. | 一共收过23个叫菲利普斯的患者 |
[1:03:48] | But based on the model of his truck, | 但根据他的货车型号 |
[1:03:50] | I can eliminate any Phillips from before the year 2000. | 我可以排除2000年之前入院的菲利普斯 |
[1:03:54] | Yeah, but even after 2000, doesn’t that leave a lot of names? | 但就算是2000年之后 也还是有好多人吧 |
[1:03:57] | That hospital room doesn’t exist anymore, | 那间病房不存在了 |
[1:03:59] | so, we can also cross off any Phillips | 所以我们可以交叉比对过去十年 |
[1:04:02] | from the past decade. | 入过院的菲利普斯 |
[1:04:08] | That leaves us with one. | 那就只有这一个了 |
[1:04:18] | “Connor Phillips”? | 「康纳·菲利普斯」 |
[1:04:20] | That’s him. | 就是他 |
[1:04:22] | That’s Pat Phillips’ dad. | 这是帕特·菲利普斯的父亲 |
[1:04:25] | He died here 13 years ago. | 他十三年前死在这里 |
[1:04:31] | So, it does just record a memory? | 这么说 机器只是录下记忆吗 |
[1:04:38] | It’s pretty fucked up what happened today, huh? | 今天的事真是太操蛋了 对吧 |
[1:04:40] | With Lacey? | 莱西的事 |
[1:04:41] | She spoke out of turn. | 她说错话了 |
[1:04:44] | And she knew the rules. | 她知道规矩 |
[1:04:45] | She basically helped write them. | 她有份参与订下这些规矩 |
[1:04:48] | It’s just you and me talking. | 这里就咱俩说话呢 |
[1:04:50] | You don’t believe that. | 你不是真信这些吧 |
[1:04:52] | Stop telling me what I believe, Will. | 别跟我说我该信什么 威尔 |
[1:04:58] | Proving the existence of an afterlife destroyed Dad’s own life. | 证明「来世」的存在 毁了爸的一生 |
[1:05:02] | That’s what I believe. | 这才是我相信的 |
[1:05:05] | Yeah… everybody else’s, too. | 还毁了别人的人生 |
[1:05:07] | Dad has no intention… | 爸没打算 |
[1:05:09] | of showing anything the machine records with the outside world. | 将机器记录的一切公之于众 |
[1:05:12] | That’s why he lost it when Lacey told people. | 所以莱西告诉别人时 他才失控了 |
[1:05:18] | If he has no intention of showing what it does to anybody, | 如果他没打算将这台机器的作用公之于众 |
[1:05:21] | why is he doing it, huh? What’s the point? | 那还研究什么 还有什么意义 |
[1:05:24] | “Why is he doing it?” | 「他还研究什么」 |
[1:05:29] | “Why is he doing it?” | 「他还研究什么」 |
[1:05:31] | Let’s see. | 想想看吧 |
[1:05:38] | he’ll tell you about the millions of people who died, | 他会跟你说说 死去的上百万人 |
[1:05:41] | and he’ll tell you about finishing his work to honor them. | 他会告诉你 完成这项研究是为了纪念那些人 |
[1:05:45] | I heard that yesterday. | 我昨天听过了 |
[1:05:46] | I’ve been hearing that for the past two years now. | 而我都听了两年了 |
[1:05:53] | And I just… smile and nod and agree… | 我就微笑 点头 赞同… |
[1:05:59] | like the idiot son, but I do understand things. | 像个低智商的儿子 但我心里跟明镜一样 |
[1:06:05] | I know Mom died… | 我知道妈死了… |
[1:06:08] | Not died. She killed herself. | 不是死了 是自杀 |
[1:06:12] | She killed herself. | 她自杀了 |
[1:06:16] | And when you look… | 你看看… |
[1:06:20] | at what Dad spent his life working on, | 爸毕生的研究 |
[1:06:23] | and when you look at the way Mom killed herself, | 再看看妈自杀的方式 |
[1:06:28] | how she did it… | 她是如何自杀的 |
[1:06:31] | how would Dad not feel a little anger | 爸内疚的同时 |
[1:06:36] | on top of his guilt? | 怎么可能会不愤怒呢 |
[1:06:43] | Dad does need… to know. | 爸必须得弄明白 |
[1:06:48] | He needs to know that she made it somewhere. | 他需要知道她去到「来世」了 |
[1:06:54] | He overreacted, that’s all. | 他反应过激了而已 |
[1:06:58] | He’ll come to his senses, and, Lacey will be back by tomorrow. | 他会醒悟过来 莱西明天就会回来 |
[1:07:08] | Dad always comes to his senses. | 爸总是能醒悟过来 |
[1:07:21] | It’s not a memory, Will. | 那不是记忆 威尔 |
[1:07:24] | What? | 什么 |
[1:07:25] | On his left arm in that exact spot, there was a different tattoo. | 他左手臂上的同一位置 纹身图案不同 |
[1:07:29] | – How is that possible? – I don’t know, but in the lab, I saw it. | -这怎么可能 -不知道 但我在实验室见过 |
[1:07:31] | It wasn’t a lighthouse. It was waves on his arm. | 不是灯塔 他手臂上的图案是波浪 |
[1:07:34] | – Are you sure? – Yes. I’m sure. | -你确定吗 -我确定 |
[1:07:36] | Will. It’s not a memory. This is something else. | 威尔 这不是记忆 而是其它解释 |
[1:07:39] | If it’s not a memory, then what is it? | 如果不是记忆 那是什么呢 |
[1:07:45] | Everything we’ve seen doesn’t exist anymore. | 我们见到的一切都不存在了 |
[1:07:46] | I mean, the hospital room’s gone, Pat Phillips, obviously gone. | 那间病房不在了 帕特·菲利普斯显然也不在了 |
[1:07:52] | We need to find something in this video that still exists. | 我们得找出视频中还存在于现实的事物 |
[1:07:57] | The… the woman. There’s a… | 那个女人 有一个… |
[1:08:03] | Her. | 她 |
[1:08:06] | We have Connor Phillips’ address on his death certificate. | 康纳·菲利普斯的死亡证明书上有家里地址 |
[1:08:09] | So, I say that we go down there tomorrow… | 不如我们明天过去瞧瞧 |
[1:08:13] | and we see if somebody can help us track her down. | 看看有没有人能帮我们找到她 |
[1:08:30] | Will, why are we back here? | 威尔 我们怎么回到这里了 |
[1:08:32] | I don’t know what’s waiting for us at that house, and I… | 我不知道我们去那间房子会查到什么… |
[1:08:38] | Do you remember I told you about my accident when I was a kid? | 你记得我和你说过 我小时候发生的意外吗 |
[1:08:42] | Yeah, when you lied to your mom about what you saw. | 记得 你骗你妈说看到一些东西 |
[1:08:45] | I didn’t lie. | 我没骗她 |
[1:08:48] | I didn’t lie. | 我没骗她 |
[1:08:52] | This is where I saw whatever… | 我就是在这里看到的… |
[1:08:55] | Whatever it is that I saw. This is the beach. | 不管我看到的景象是什么 就在这个海滩上 |
[1:09:01] | I used to come here when I was a kid, like… | 我小时候经常来这里 就像… |
[1:09:04] | I was drawn to it. | 这里有种魔力吸引我 |
[1:09:07] | Or it made me feel better. | 或者说这里让我感觉好受点 |
[1:09:11] | Anyway… | 总之 |
[1:09:14] | when I saw you walking into the water the other day, that’s… | 所以那天我看见你走进水里… |
[1:09:19] | That’s why I was here. | 所以我才出现了 |
[1:09:26] | What? | 怎么了 |
[1:10:06] | I had a son… | 我之前有个儿子 |
[1:10:12] | and he was five years old. | 他当时五岁 |
[1:10:17] | And I fell asleep… | 我睡着了 |
[1:10:21] | just for a second. | 就一小会儿 |
[1:10:26] | And when I woke up, he was gone. | 我醒来时 他不见了 |
[1:11:04] | At first I thought I wasn’t supposed to meet you… | 我一开始感觉 我不该与你相识… |
[1:11:07] | or feel anything. | 不该有什么感觉 |
[1:11:13] | But maybe I was wrong. | 但也许我想错了 |
[1:11:49] | Hi. Is this the Phillips residence? | 你好 这里是菲利普斯的家吗 |
[1:11:52] | Connor… Did you know Connor Phillips? | 康纳 你认识康纳·菲利普斯吗 |
[1:11:55] | Pat Phillips? Can you speak English? | 帕特·菲利普斯呢 你会说英语吗 |
[1:12:01] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:12:02] | Okay, well, that’s clearly not the woman from the video. | 显然她不是视频中的那个女人 |
[1:12:06] | Maybe they moved or something. | 也许他们搬走了吧 |
[1:12:08] | Should we see if they have the new address? | 要不看看他们有没有迁新地址 |
[1:12:10] | I don’t know. I don’t know. | 不知道 不知道 |
[1:12:15] | Can I help you? | 有什么事吗 |
[1:12:21] | I haven’t seen my brother in years. | 我已经很多年没见过我哥了 |
[1:12:24] | I’d call it more of a loss for her than for me. | 比起我 更失落的是她吧 |
[1:12:28] | Alzheimer’s. | 阿兹海默症「老年痴呆」 |
[1:12:29] | She deteriorated after Dad died. | 父亲死后 她的病情就开始恶化 |
[1:12:32] | – Connor? – You knew my father, too? | -康纳吗 -你认识我父亲吗 |
[1:12:34] | You know, actually, Pat mentioned him. | 其实是听帕特提过 |
[1:12:36] | That he went to see him before he died. | 他说他在父亲死前 去看望过他 |
[1:12:39] | Well, anyway, Dad died and… | 总之 父亲死后 |
[1:12:42] | Mom, she started going downhill real fast after that. | 母亲的身体状况就急转直下 |
[1:12:46] | My husband and I, we own the house now. | 这幢房子现归我和我丈夫所有 |
[1:12:49] | Is there gonna be a service or anything, um, for Pat? | 你们会给帕特安排什么追悼会吗 |
[1:12:53] | I wouldn’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:12:55] | I’m sorry, if you don’t mind me saying, | 抱歉 恕我直言 |
[1:12:57] | you just ,you don’t seem that upset about your brother’s death. | 但感觉你对你哥的死并不难过 |
[1:13:01] | Look… | 是这样 |
[1:13:03] | it seems as though you liked him. | 看来你们好像挺喜欢这个人 |
[1:13:04] | You found something in him… | 你们看到了他的某些特质 |
[1:13:07] | so, I’m sorry. | 但是我很抱歉 |
[1:13:09] | But to the rest of us… he was a piece of shit | 对于我们来说 他就是个人渣 |
[1:13:13] | who left his sister with a cancer-ridden father | 留他妹妹一人照顾罹患癌症的父亲 |
[1:13:16] | and a mother who lost every marble she ever had. | 还有神志不清的母亲 |
[1:13:21] | I’m sorry. So… is the last time that you saw Pat | 抱歉 那么你最后一次见帕特 |
[1:13:25] | when he went to visit your Dad in the hospital? | 就是他去医院看你们父亲 |
[1:13:27] | I don’t know what bullshit he hauled your way, | 我不知道他跟你们都瞎说了些什么 |
[1:13:30] | but he never visited my father in the hospital. | 但他从没去医院看过父亲 |
[1:13:33] | If he told you that, it’s a lie. | 如果他说去了 那就是说谎 |
[1:13:37] | He called and said he was gonna visit him, but he never showed up. | 他打过电话说要来看他 但从未露面 |
[1:13:41] | This is gonna sound really strange, but did Pat have a tattoo? | 这么问也许有点怪 帕特有纹身吗 |
[1:13:45] | He told you about that? | 他告诉你的吗 |
[1:13:53] | When he turned 18, we got matching waves. | 他十八岁的时候 我们一起纹了一对波浪 |
[1:13:58] | We were really close then. | 我们当时关系很好 |
[1:14:10] | So, the machine doesn’t record a memory. | 看来机器记录那段的不是记忆 |
[1:14:11] | It wasn’t a bad theory. | 你爸的结论没错 |
[1:14:15] | People are just gonna keep killing themselves. | 人们会一直继续自杀 |
[1:14:18] | You know, sooner or later, you’re gonna have to forgive your dad, Will. | 你迟早都得原谅你父亲 威尔 |
[1:14:23] | I’ve been thinking a lot about the difference between… | 我一直在思考 事物的本身和其意义 |
[1:14:27] | what something is and what something means. | 究竟有什么不同 |
[1:14:31] | And I don’t know what any of this is… | 我不知道这段记录到底是什么 |
[1:14:34] | but I do think if there’s a meaning to any of it, | 但我知道 如果这背后真有某种意义 |
[1:14:37] | it has something to do with not pressing the reset button, | 应该是无论生活如何艰辛 |
[1:14:40] | even if things get really rough. | 都不该选择自杀重活 |
[1:14:56] | We’re a bunch of people running around, | 人们兜兜转转 |
[1:14:57] | making the same mistakes over and over. | 一次又一次重复过去的错误 |
[1:15:01] | And I don’t know why we think it’ll be different somewhere else… | 为什么会觉得换了个地方 就会有所不同 |
[1:15:06] | unless we learn what we’re supposed to learn while we’re here. | 除非这一世 我们已经学到应有的教训 |
[1:15:29] | What was your son’s name? | 你儿子叫什么名字 |
[1:15:33] | Oliver. | 奥利弗 |
[1:15:40] | I was dreaming. | 我在做梦 |
[1:15:43] | When he was in the water, I was dreaming. | 他掉进海里的时候 我在做梦 |
[1:15:47] | What about? | 什么梦 |
[1:15:50] | I don’t know. | 说不清 |
[1:15:53] | I can’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[1:15:56] | It was one of those times where you know for sure you’re dreaming, | 就是你知道自己在做梦 |
[1:15:59] | but you just don’t… | 但是不知道… |
[1:16:01] | don’t know what about. | 梦境的内容 |
[1:16:07] | I wish I knew. | 我要是知道就好了 |
[1:16:16] | You don’t have to do this alone anymore if you don’t want to. | 如果很难受 你可以不用一个人承担 |
[1:17:03] | Will! | 威尔 |
[1:17:06] | Fuck! Fuck, Will! | 妈的 威尔 |
[1:17:09] | Get up. It’s Dad. What the fuck are you doing? | 快起来 爸出事了 你干什么呢 |
[1:17:11] | What about Dad? | 爸怎么了 |
[1:17:12] | – It’s dad. Get the fuck up. – Okay. All right. I’m coming. | -爸出事了 赶紧起来 -好 我来了 |
[1:17:18] | I didn’t know, so, I couldn’t stop it. | 我不懂 所以我没办法阻止 |
[1:17:20] | Slow down and tell me exactly what happened. | 冷静点 告诉我到底怎么了 |
[1:17:22] | He hooked himself up to the device. | 他把自己连上了机器 |
[1:17:24] | He wanted to prove that it works. | 他想证明机器没问题 |
[1:17:26] | – Dad’s hooked up right now? – Yes. | -爸连上机器了吗 -对 |
[1:17:28] | We need to tell him that it works. | 我们得告诉他 机器有用 |
[1:17:30] | What? | 什么 |
[1:17:32] | What works? | 什么有用 |
[1:17:35] | – What are you doing? – He demanded. | -你们搞什么 -他要求的 |
[1:17:36] | – Why aren’t you bringing him back? – He’s too far along. | -为什么不弄醒他 -太迟了 |
[1:17:39] | We already know that it records something. | 我们已经知道机器能记录一些东西 |
[1:17:41] | Cooper… | 库珀 |
[1:17:42] | it works, okay? | 机器有用 |
[1:17:46] | Dad? | 爸 |
[1:17:47] | Dad? | 爸 |
[1:17:48] | Time to pull yourself away. | 你该停下了 |
[1:17:53] | Come back to reality. Come home. | 回归现实 回家吧 |
[1:17:57] | – Is that Mom? – It’s Mom. | -是妈吗 -是她 |
[1:18:00] | What I’m doing is reality. | 我的研究就是现实 |
[1:18:05] | I need to finish. It’s important. Do you understand? | 我得完成 这很重要 你明白吗 |
[1:18:08] | – Their anniversary. – Yeah. | -他们的结婚纪念日 -对 |
[1:18:12] | I’m going upstairs. | 我要上楼了 |
[1:18:19] | Now, don’t be dramatic. | 别闹情绪好吗 |
[1:18:20] | I’ll be done soon. And we can have dinner. | 我马上就完成 我们可以一起用晚餐 |
[1:18:41] | Honey, wait. | 亲爱的 等一下 |
[1:18:46] | Maybe work can wait. | 也许工作可以先放一放 |
[1:18:47] | So, what do you say we have some dinner? | 一起用晚餐怎么样 |
[1:19:03] | She’s not taking the bath. | 她没去泡澡 |
[1:19:04] | – That’s not what happened. – I know. | -当时不是这样的 -我知道 |
[1:19:07] | We can bring him back. | 我们可以让他醒过来了 |
[1:19:08] | Cooper, just… wait. We have to see what happens. | 库珀 等一下 我们得看看发生了什么 |
[1:19:11] | We’ve got to do it now, or it’ll be too late. | 必须现在动手 否则就太迟了 |
[1:19:14] | Will, come on. | 威尔 快点 |
[1:19:19] | Toby, I’m sorry. Cooper, now! | 托比 抱歉 库珀 赶快 |
[1:19:23] | Dad? Dad, listen to me. | 爸 爸 听我说 |
[1:19:25] | Dad, please. Listen to my voice. | 爸 拜托 听听我的声音 |
[1:19:27] | Is he gonna be brain…? | 他是不是要脑… |
[1:19:29] | I don’t know. I don’t know. | 我不知道 我不知道 |
[1:19:30] | Cooper, hit it again! | 库珀 再来一次 |
[1:19:33] | Dad? | 爸 |
[1:19:39] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[1:19:54] | I knew I saw her. | 我知道我看到她了 |
[1:19:58] | Like a dream that you can’t remember. | 就像一个记不起来的梦 |
[1:20:02] | I can’t figure out what this is, Dad. | 我不知道这是怎么回事 爸 |
[1:20:05] | I never left my study. | 我之前从没离开过书房 |
[1:20:07] | Never stopped her on the stairs. | 从没阻止她上楼 |
[1:20:11] | – And she drew a bath. – I know. | -然后她就去泡澡了 -我知道 |
[1:20:14] | And in the Pat Phillips recording, | 帕特·菲利普斯的记录里 |
[1:20:15] | he has a different tattoo on his arm. | 他胳膊上有个不一样的纹身 |
[1:20:18] | I always said the afterlife was a different plane of existence. | 我常说「来世」就是「另一个次元世界」 |
[1:20:23] | But… | 但是… |
[1:20:26] | what if it’s a different plane… of this existence? | 万一是这个世界的另一个次元呢 |
[1:20:33] | Alternate realities? | 现实世界的另一个版本 |
[1:20:34] | No, our reality… with differences and variations. | 不 就是我们的世界 不过略有差别 |
[1:20:39] | Stepping out of a truck… to visit a dying parent. | 走下卡车 看望垂死的病人 |
[1:20:44] | Random, like different tattoos. | 存在随机性 就像那个不同的纹身 |
[1:20:49] | Stopping someone from going upstairs to end their life. | 阻止别人上楼结束自己的生命 |
[1:20:57] | When we die, | 当我们死了 |
[1:20:58] | what if we travel to an alternate version of our own life? | 万一我们是去另一个版本的今生呢 |
[1:21:03] | A second chance? | 第二次机会 |
[1:21:05] | Then we wouldn’t… just have to accept our biggest regret. | 那我们就不必面对自己最深的悔恨了 |
[1:21:10] | In the afterlife, we could change it. | 我们可以在「来世」改变这一切 |
[1:21:15] | At the risk of stating the super fucking obvious… | 这不就显然说明自杀… |
[1:21:21] | If you are right and word of this got out– | 如果你们是对的 消息传了出去… |
[1:21:24] | We have to destroy the machine. | 我们得销毁这台机器 |
[1:21:38] | Thomas. | 托马斯 |
[1:21:41] | Everyone wants to know what’s going on. | 大家都想知道怎么回事 |
[1:21:47] | Welcome, everybody. Nice to have you all here. | 欢迎各位 很高兴你们都能过来 |
[1:21:51] | I asked you to gather here today | 我今天叫你们过来 |
[1:21:53] | because I thought that we should be honest. | 因为我觉得我们该坦诚相待 |
[1:21:57] | Honest with ourselves, | 坦诚于自己 |
[1:21:58] | honest with each other. | 坦诚于彼此 |
[1:22:00] | You got to see your mom again. | 你能再次见到你妈妈了 |
[1:22:00] | I see you as family… | 我视你们为家人… |
[1:22:02] | and I think you see me in the same way. | 相信你们也视我为家人 |
[1:22:05] | And as family… | 作为家人… |
[1:22:07] | I think sometimes we get so absorbed with… | 我觉得有时候我们太过执着于 |
[1:22:10] | what we’re doing individually, | 我们自己的事 |
[1:22:12] | we go off on our own track and so forth, | 我们沿着自己的轨道一路向前 |
[1:22:13] | we lose the fact that how important family is. | 却忘记了家人有多么重要 |
[1:22:22] | Lacey? | 莱西 |
[1:22:25] | Lacey. | 莱西 |
[1:22:27] | Lacey, it’s okay. Put the… put the gun down. | 莱西 没关系的 把枪放下 |
[1:22:30] | Lacey, I was wrong. You do not need to do this. | 莱西 是我错了 你不必这么做 |
[1:22:34] | I didn’t kill her. | 我没有杀她 |
[1:22:39] | I just relocated her. | 我只是送她去到了别处 |
[1:22:44] | Isla? | 艾拉 |
[1:22:47] | Isla? | 艾拉 |
[1:22:49] | Isla. Oh, it’s okay. | 艾拉 没事的 |
[1:22:50] | Isla? Dad! God. | 艾拉 爸 天呐 |
[1:22:53] | Dad, please! I need your help! | 爸 拜托 来帮帮我 |
[1:22:55] | Somebody go get help. | 谁去叫救援来 |
[1:22:58] | I just wanted my spot back. | 我只是想要回自己的位置 |
[1:23:04] | Isla. Dad, please help her. | 艾拉 爸爸 求你救救她 |
[1:23:08] | Don’t talk. Just breathe. | 别说话 保持呼吸 |
[1:23:10] | I don’t wanna die anymore. | 我不再想死了 |
[1:23:15] | You’re okay. I just need you to stay with me. | 你不会有事的 千万别睡过去 |
[1:23:41] | Isla? | 艾拉 |
[1:23:43] | Isla? | 艾拉 |
[1:24:41] | They were asking, the cops, | 警方问 |
[1:24:45] | who to contact for Isla. | 艾拉的联系人是谁 |
[1:24:47] | Next-of-kin deal. | 她的亲属 |
[1:24:49] | – I’ll have Cooper look into it. – Okay. | -我会让库珀去查一下 -好 |
[1:24:53] | I don’t wanna overwhelm him with questions right now, okay? | 现在别去问他太多问题了 |
[1:24:56] | That’s probably a good idea. | 你说得对 |
[1:24:59] | Maybe I should go in and check on him… | 我该进去看看他吧 |
[1:25:01] | No, no, no. Don’t. | 不不不 别去 |
[1:25:05] | He needs rest. | 他需要休息 |
[1:25:07] | He needs to process, okay? | 他需要点时间消化 |
[1:25:09] | You can check on him after dinner. | 晚饭后 你可以去看他 |
[1:25:12] | And then we’ll finish breaking down the machine tonight. | 然后我们今晚就把这机器拆了 |
[1:25:18] | But… | 但是… |
[1:25:20] | we haven’t come close… | 我们还没能… |
[1:25:23] | to figuring this all out yet, or what it all means. | 弄清楚这一切及其背后的意义 |
[1:25:27] | Like, if it really is another version of our own life, | 如果那真是我们今生的另一个版本 |
[1:25:31] | then what happens when we die again? | 那么在那个「今生」中死去会怎样呢 |
[1:25:35] | Toby. | 托比 |
[1:25:37] | – Toby. – What? | -托比 -怎么了 |
[1:25:39] | We’ve got to let it go for a while. | 我们必须得收手一阵子了 |
[1:25:42] | We’ve just got to. | 我们必须得这么做 |
[1:26:02] | Completely dismantled. | 全拆了 |
[1:26:04] | All traces need to be gone. | 所有痕迹都要销毁 |
[1:26:05] | Thomas, I hear you. | 托马斯 我懂了 |
[1:26:28] | William? | 威廉 |
[1:26:30] | Let us in, don’t do this. | 让我们进来 别这么做 |
[1:26:33] | William. | 威廉 |
[1:27:41] | He’s on the ferry headed here? | 他在来这里的船上 |
[1:27:42] | – Not the same here. – What? | -不是同一个「这里」 -什么 |
[1:27:48] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[1:27:48] | How are we watching this right now if he’s not dead? | 如果他没死 我们为什么能看到这些画面 |
[1:27:52] | …since Thomas Harber’s first and only | 托马斯·哈勃公布「重大发现」之后 |
[1:27:54] | post-Discovery interview | 首次接受了独家专访时 |
[1:27:56] | ended suddenly with an on-air suicide. | 有人突然在节目中自杀 |
[1:27:59] | Since then, the worldwide suicide toll has sky– | 自此之后 全世界的自杀人数暴增到… |
[1:28:05] | I was watching that. | 我正在看呢 |
[1:28:10] | Isla? | 艾拉 |
[1:28:12] | – Isla? – It’s off-season. | -艾拉 -现在是淡季 |
[1:28:14] | Why are you going to this dreary island? | 你去这个荒凉的小岛干什么 |
[1:28:16] | Isla? | 艾拉 |
[1:28:21] | – I have to stop your shooting, Isla. – Sit down. | -我要阻止你被枪击中 艾拉 -坐下 |
[1:28:23] | I need you to come with me right now. | 我要你现在就和我一起走 |
[1:28:25] | Sit down, Will. This is just your memory. | 坐下 威尔 这只是记忆而已 |
[1:28:27] | I’m a part of you. Sit down. | 我是你意识中的一部分 坐下 |
[1:28:31] | What are we doing back on this ferry? | 我们怎么又回到这条船上了 |
[1:28:32] | What the fuck is going on? | 这到底是怎么回事 |
[1:28:35] | You were never able to stop me from killing myself until this life. | 只有「这一世」 你才阻止了我自杀 |
[1:28:40] | “This life”? What do you…? | 「这一世」 你说什… |
[1:28:41] | What do you mean, “this life”? | 「这一世」是什么意思 |
[1:28:44] | You always start back on the ferry. | 你总是从回到渡轮上 |
[1:28:47] | Reality and fantasy are mutually exclusive. | 现实和幻想相互独立 |
[1:28:49] | They don’t exist in the same space. | 两者无法共存 |
[1:28:51] | Well, it looks like we’re here. | 看来我们到了 |
[1:28:55] | You know what? I changed my mind. | 我改主意了 |
[1:28:56] | I don’t know what I was thinking. | 我不知道我之前怎么想的 |
[1:28:59] | The first time, you never got off the ferry. | 第一次 你没下船 |
[1:29:02] | Then the next day you read that | 第二天 你看到新闻 |
[1:29:03] | a woman named Isla had drowned herself. | 一个叫艾拉的女人投海自尽了 |
[1:29:06] | You went on and lived your life, | 你继续过着自己的生活 |
[1:29:08] | but the thought that you could’ve done something never left. | 但本来能帮上忙的想法一直挥之不去 |
[1:29:11] | It was always there. | 一直萦绕着你 |
[1:29:31] | And then one day, just like everybody else… | 有一天 就像其他人一样 |
[1:29:40] | I died. | 我死了 |
[1:29:42] | And then you came back here. | 然后你就回到这里 |
[1:29:46] | How long have I been stuck living in this loop? | 我困在这个循环里多久了 |
[1:29:50] | How many times have we met on this ferry? | 我们在渡轮上遇见多少次了 |
[1:29:54] | Your death brings you back here. | 你一死就会回到这里 |
[1:29:56] | You keep coming back over and over again and again. | 你一遍又一遍地回到这个原点 |
[1:30:02] | I don’t remember any of it. | 我一点都不记得 |
[1:30:03] | I don’t remember these other lives. | 我不记得其他「几世」 |
[1:30:05] | Nobody can remember them directly. | 没人能直接想起来 |
[1:30:09] | But sometimes certain memories do have a way of sticking out. | 但有时 记忆能通过某些方式留在脑海里 |
[1:30:12] | You look so familiar to me. You look so familiar to me. | 我觉得你好眼熟 我觉得你好眼熟 |
[1:30:15] | It’s your lucky day. I don’t normally carry these around. | 你很走运啊 我出门一般不带这玩意 |
[1:30:17] | This is where I saw whatever… This is the beach. | 不管我看到的景象是什么 就在这个海滩上 |
[1:30:21] | How’d you know this is where you were gonna be staying? | 你怎么知道自己会住这一间 |
[1:30:23] | We’re a bunch of people running around | 我们这群人兜兜转转 |
[1:30:24] | making the same mistakes over and over. | 一次又一次重复过去的错误 |
[1:30:27] | And I don’t know why we think it’ll be different somewhere else… | 为什么会觉得换了个地方 就会有所不同 |
[1:30:32] | What am I supposed to change? | 我应该改变什么 |
[1:30:34] | You already changed it. | 你已经改变了 |
[1:30:35] | You kept coming back until you saved me. | 你不断地回来 直到救了我 |
[1:30:37] | I didn’t save you, you died. | 我没救你 你死了 |
[1:30:39] | There’s more than one way to save somebody, Will. | 救人不止有一种方法 威尔 |
[1:30:42] | Cooper, ready on our end. We need to bring him back. | 库珀 准备好 我们得让他苏醒 |
[1:30:46] | How can I hear my dad? He’s in a different place. | 我怎么能听到我爸的声音 他又不在这里 |
[1:30:49] | Two separate parts in the same place. | 两个次元的同一处地方 |
[1:30:51] | Okay, Dad, defibrillator’s charged. | 好了 爸 除颤器充好电了 |
[1:30:53] | No, no, no. I’m not ready to go back yet. | 不不不 我还没准备好回去 |
[1:30:55] | I need more time with you. | 我要多跟你待一会儿 |
[1:30:57] | Toby, please wait! Not yet! | 托比 等等 先别这样做 |
[1:30:59] | His vitals are concerning me. | 他的生命体征很危险 |
[1:31:01] | If we pull him now, we might lose him. | 要是现在把他拉回来 可能会失去他 |
[1:31:03] | Isla. Isla, please. | 艾拉 艾拉 求你了 |
[1:31:04] | I’m not ready to leave you. | 我还没准备好离开你 |
[1:31:06] | – What’s happening to me? – You’re about to die. | -我怎么了 -你快死了 |
[1:31:08] | His heart’s stopped, Thomas. | 他心脏停跳了 托马斯 |
[1:31:10] | Organs are shutting down. | 器官逐渐衰竭 |
[1:31:11] | They’re trying to bring you back. | 他们想把你救回去 |
[1:31:13] | That’s okay. | 没关系 |
[1:31:13] | Because If I die, I’ll just come back here to you, right? | 我要是死了 就会直接回到你身边吧 |
[1:31:16] | No, not this time. | 不 这次不是 |
[1:31:19] | You don’t have to come back anymore. | 你不用再回来了 |
[1:31:20] | You helped me get to where I needed to be | 你帮去了我该去的地方 |
[1:31:22] | and now you’ll go someplace else. | 现在你该去往「别处」了 |
[1:31:25] | When I get there, will I be able to remember you? | 等我去了「别处」 我还能记得你吗 |
[1:31:28] | I hope so. | 希望能 |
[1:31:30] | Dad, everything is shutting down. | 爸 各项器官都衰歇了 |
[1:31:32] | His brain’s showing barely any activity. | 他的大脑活动几乎停止了 |
[1:31:33] | You’re leaving now. This is it. | 你现在就走 到此为止了 |
[1:31:35] | I’m not leaving this room until we revive my son. | 不救回我儿子 我不会离开这间屋子 |
[1:31:38] | When I get there… I’m going to remember you. | 等我去了「别处」 我会记得你 |
[1:31:43] | We’ve gotta pull him out right now. | 我们得把他拉回来 |
[1:31:45] | One… two… three. | 一 二 三 |
[1:33:20] | Look. You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[1:33:23] | – Yeah. – Come here. | -嗯 -过来 |
[1:33:25] | Let me help you. Come here, come here. | 我来帮你一把 过来 过来 |
[1:33:29] | I got you. | 我抓到你了 |
[1:33:34] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[1:33:36] | – Holy cow. – Give me that pail. | -天啊 -把桶给我 |
[1:33:38] | – You went down pretty good, huh? – Yeah. | -你摔得不轻啊 -是啊 |
[1:33:40] | Yep. You okay? I got you. | 你还好吗 我抱着你呢 |
[1:33:46] | Where’s your mom and dad? | 你的爸爸妈妈呢 |
[1:33:48] | Oliver! | 奥利弗 |
[1:33:50] | Oliver! | 奥利弗 |
[1:33:56] | It’s okay. He’s all right. He just… | 没事的 他没事 只是… |
[1:33:58] | – Okay. – I told you, you can’t– | -好了 -我告诉过你 你不能… |
[1:34:01] | You can’t just run off on me like that, okay? I’ve told you. | 你不能那样乱跑 明白吗 我说过的 |
[1:34:05] | He was… he was just… He’s all right. | 他只是… 他没事的 |
[1:34:08] | He was struggling a little bit in the water. | 他在水里有点挣扎 |
[1:34:10] | I wanted to make sure he got back to you. | 我想确保让他回到你身边 |
[1:34:13] | – Are you okay? – Yeah. | -你没事吧 -嗯 |
[1:34:16] | – Thank you. – Yeah. | -谢谢 -没事 |
[1:34:19] | He’s a good kid. | 他是个好孩子 |
[1:34:20] | – You’re okay. – Thanks. | -你还好 -谢谢 |
[1:34:24] | You can’t do that. You scared me. Okay? | 你可别再那么干了 你吓到我了 好吗 |
[1:34:28] | Can you walk a little bit? | 你能下来自己走吗 |