英文名称:The Devil Wears Prada
年代:2006
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:45] | 穿普拉达的女王 | |
[01:59] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[03:39] | Hi. Uh, I have an appointment with Emily Charlton? | 你好 我约了艾米莉・查尔顿 |
[03:43] | Andrea Sachs? Yes. | 安吉丽雅・塞克斯 是的 |
[03:47] | Great. Human Resources certainly has an odd sense of humor. | 要命 人力部还真会开玩笑 |
[03:51] | Follow me. | 跟我来 |
[03:54] | Okay, so I was Miranda’s second assistant… | 听着 我本来是马琳达第二助手 |
[03:57] | but her first assistant recently got promoted, and so now I’m the first. | 她首席助手近期晋升 所以我现在是首席助手 |
[04:00] | Oh, and you’re replacing yourself. Well, I am trying. | 哦 你给自己找替身 但还没找到 |
[04:02] | Miranda sacked the last two girls after only a few weeks. | 马琳达几周内炒了前两个女孩 |
[04:05] | We need to find someone who can survive here. Do you understand? | 我们需要能够适应这个高强度工作的员工 你明白吗 |
[04:07] | Yeah. Of course. Who’s Miranda? | 当然 马琳达是谁 |
[04:10] | Oh, my God. I will pretend you did not just ask me that. | 哦 天哪 我会假装你刚没问过我 |
[04:13] | She’s the editor in chief of Runway, not to mention a legend. | 她是《天桥》杂志主编 是一名传奇人物 |
[04:13] | 安吉丽雅还以为天桥指时装表演T字舞台那段走道 | |
[04:16] | You work a year for her, and you can get a job at any magazine you want. | 只要为她卖命一年 之后想去什么杂志社就可以去 |
[04:20] | A million girls would kill for this job. | 所有女生都会为这份工作发疯的 |
[04:22] | It sounds like a great opportunity. I’d love to be considered. | 听上去很棒 我很荣幸能被选中 |
[04:28] | Andrea, Runway is a fashion magazine… | 安吉丽雅 《天桥》是本时尚杂志 |
[04:31] | so an interest in fashion is crucial. | 热衷于时尚对工作人员非常重要 |
[04:34] | What makes you think I’m not interested in fashion? | 你认为我对时尚没有兴趣 |
[04:37] | Oh, my God. | 我的天哪 |
[04:41] | No! No! No! | 不 不 不 |
[04:43] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[04:50] | She’s on her way. Tell everyone! | 她要到了 通知大家 |
[04:53] | She’s not supposed to be here until 9:00. | 她应该九点到的 |
[04:56] | Her driver just text messaged, and her facialist ruptured a disk. | 司机刚用短信通知我 她的美容师椎间盘突出 |
[04:59] | God, these people! Who’s that? | 那些人真要命 这是谁啊 |
[05:02] | That I can’t even talk about. | 我都不想提她 |
[05:05] | All right, everyone! Gird your loins! | 好了 各位 准备就绪 |
[05:08] | Did somebody eat an onion bagel? | 谁吃过洋葱面包圈了 |
[05:28] | 《天桥》 | |
[05:33] | 普拉达 著名时尚品牌 | |
[06:13] | Sorry, Miranda. | 对不起 马琳达 |
[06:25] | Move it! Ooh! | 让开 |
[06:29] | I don’t understand why it’s so difficult to confirm an appointment. | 我不明白为什么确认预约就这么困难 |
[06:32] | I know. I’m so sorry, Miranda. I actually did confirm last night. | 我知道 对不起 马琳达 我昨晚真的去确定预约了 |
[06:36] | Details of your incompetence do not interest me. | 我对你无能的细节没兴趣 |
[06:38] | Tell Simone I’m not going to approve that girl that she sent me for the Brazilian layout. | 告诉西蒙我不要她为巴西版面选的女孩 |
[06:42] | I asked for clean, athletic, smiling. She sent me dirty, tired and paunchy. | 我要的是干净 运动型 面带微笑的女孩 她挑的是肮脏 疲倦的肥婆 |
[06:45] | And R.S.V.P. Yes to the Michael Kors party. | 回复麦克・克斯 我会去他的聚会 |
[06:47] | I want the driver to drop me off at 9:30 and pick me up at 9:45 sharp. | 我要司机九点半送到那里 九点四十五分再来接我 |
[06:52] | Call Natalie at Glorious Foods, tell her no for the 40th time. | 打电话给”光荣食品”的纳塔丽 告诉她第四十遍 |
[06:55] | No, I don’t want dacquoise. I want tortes filled with warm rhubarb compote. | 不行 我不要杏仁蛋白饼 我要大黄水果蛋糕 |
[06:59] | Then call my ex-husband and remind him the parent-teacher conference is at Dalton tonight. | 再打电话给我前夫 提醒他 今晚的家长会在达尔顿 |
[07:02] | Then call my husband, ask him to meet me for dinner at that place I went to with Massimo. | 打给我丈夫 让他在 我和马西莫去过的地方碰面吃晚餐 |
[07:07] | Tell Richard I saw the pictures that he sent for that feature on the female paratroopers… | 告诉李查德我看过他送来的女伞兵照片 |
[07:12] | and they’re all so deeply unattractive. | 她们实在太难看了 |
[07:14] | Is it impossible to find a lovely, slender female paratrooper? | 就不能找个可人又苗条的女伞兵 |
[07:17] | No. Am I reaching for the stars here? Not really. | 当然能 我能摘星星吗 当然不可能 |
[07:21] | Also, I need to see all the things that Nigel has pulled for Gwyneth’s second cover try. | 还有 我要看奈杰尔给格温妮斯 挑的第二次封面试镜的衣服 |
[07:26] | I wonder if she’s lost any of that weight yet. Who’s that? | 不知她瘦了多少 她是谁 |
[07:29] | Nobody. Um, uh… | 谁都不是 呃 |
[07:31] | Human Resources sent her up about the new assistant job, and I was preinterviewing her. | 人力部送她来做助理 我刚对她进行了面试 |
[07:36] | But she’s hopeless and totally wrong for it. | 她根本不行 完全不适合这里 |
[07:39] | Clearly I’m going to have to do that myself because the last two you sent me… | 显然我要自己来选 你上两次选的人 |
[07:42] | were completely inadequate. | 全都不合格 |
[07:44] | So send her in. That’s all. | 让她进来 就这样 |
[07:48] | Right. | 好的 |
[07:53] | She wants to see you. Oh! She does? | 她要见你 哦 是吗 |
[07:56] | Move! | 快点 |
[08:01] | This is foul. Don’t let her see it. Go! That’s… | 这太土了 别让她看见 快去 那个 |
[08:11] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[08:13] | Uh, my name is Andy Sachs. | 呃 我叫安迪・塞克斯 |
[08:16] | I recently graduated from Northwestern University. | 刚从西北大学毕业 |
[08:19] | And what are you doing here? | 那你在这里做什么 |
[08:22] | Well, I think I could do a good job as your assistant. | 嗯 我可以做你的助理 |
[08:26] | And, um… | 还有 呃 |
[08:30] | Yeah, I came to New York to be a journalist and sent letters out everywhere… | 我来纽约想成为一名记者 发了不少简历 |
[08:34] | and then finally got a call from Elias-Clarke… | 终于艾丽雅斯・克拉克给了我一个电话 |
[08:36] | and met with Sherry up at Human Resources. | 让我和人力部的谢瑞见面 |
[08:39] | Basically, it’s this or Auto Universe. | 反正 不是这里就是《机动世界》 |
[08:43] | So you don’t read Runway? Uh, no. | 那么 你没有看过《天桥》 呃 不看 |
[08:47] | And before today, you had never heard of me. | 直到今天才知道我这个人 |
[08:51] | No. | 是的 |
[08:53] | And you have no style or sense of fashion. | 你对时尚即不追求 也没见解 |
[08:56] | Well, um, I think that depends on what you’re… | 这个 我认为这看个人 |
[09:01] | No, no. That wasn’t a question. | 不 不 我没在问你 |
[09:06] | Um, I was editor in chief of the Daily Northwestern. | 我曾是西北日报的主编 |
[09:11] | I also, um, won a national competition for college journalists… | 我 还获得过全国大学记者竞赛的头名 |
[09:16] | with my series on the janitors’union, which exposed the exploitation… | 连续揭露了校工团的不法剥削 |
[09:18] | That’s all. | 行了 |
[09:27] | Yeah. You know, okay. | 好吧 我知道了 |
[09:29] | You’re right. I don’t fit in here. | 没错 我不适合这里 |
[09:31] | I am not skinny or glamorous… | 我不够苗条也不够漂亮 |
[09:35] | and I don’t know that much about fashion. | 也不懂时尚 |
[09:37] | But I’m smart. | 但我很聪明 |
[09:39] | I learn fast and I will work very hard. | 我学得很快 我会努力工作的 |
[09:42] | I got the exclusive on the Cavalli for Gwyneth… | 给格温妮斯找到卡华力的独家设计 |
[09:42] | Roberto Cavalli 意大利的知名时尚设计师 | |
[09:44] | but the problem is, with that huge feathered headdress that she’s wearing… | 问题是她戴那么大个羽毛头饰 |
[09:48] | she looks like she’s working the main stage at the Golden Nugget. | 好像她是在金块酒店唱戏的 |
[09:50] | Thank you for your time. | 多谢你的宝贵时间 |
[09:54] | Who is that sad little person? | 那可怜虫是谁 |
[09:57] | Are we doing a before-and-after piece I don’t know about? | 我们在制作”麻雀变公主”的节目吗 |
[10:11] | Andrea. Hmm? | 安吉丽雅 嗯 |
[10:17] | Wait. You got a job at a fashion magazine? | 慢着 你在时尚杂志社得到份工作 |
[10:20] | Mm-hmm. What was it, a phone interview? | 没错 什么 靠电话面试 |
[10:22] | wow. Ow! Don’t be a jerk. | 嘴巴别那么讨厌 |
[10:25] | Miranda Priestly is famous for being unpredictable. | 马琳达・皮斯利是出了名的女魔头 |
[10:28] | Okay, Doug. How is it that you know who she is and I didn’t? | 道格 为什么你知道她而我不知道 |
[10:31] | I’m actually a girl. Oh! | 我其实是个女的 哦 |
[10:34] | That would explain so much. Look, seriously. | 谜团都解开了 喂 认真点 |
[10:37] | Miranda Priestly is a huge deal. I bet a million girls would kill for that job. | 马琳达・皮斯利是个大人物 我打赌女生都会为这工作发疯的 |
[10:40] | Yeah, great. The thing is I’m not one of them. | 是啊 但问题我不是那些女生 |
[10:43] | Look, you gotta start somewhere, right? | 但你总要出人头地 是不是 |
[10:46] | I mean, look at this dump Nate works in. | 你看笨内特的工作 |
[10:48] | I mean, come on. Paper napkins? Hello. | 拜托 做纸巾 有没有搞错 |
[10:51] | Yeah. And Lily, she works at that gallery doing, uh, you know… | 对哦 莉莉她在画廊里做那个什么 |
[10:54] | Oh, I’m sorry. What exactly is it that you do anyway? | 哦 抱歉 你到底是做什么的 |
[10:58] | Well, lucky for me, I already have my dream job. | 我很幸运 已经找到了理想工作 |
[11:01] | You’re a corporate research analyst! | 你是个财务研究分析员 |
[11:05] | Oh, you’re right. My job sucks. No! | 没错 这工作很烂 不是的 |
[11:08] | It sucks. I don’t… It’s boring. It’s all right. Breathe. | 很烂 我 工作很无聊 没事的 深呼吸 |
[11:10] | I’m trying. Here. Take a drink. | 我在努力 来 喝一杯 |
[11:12] | I will have a drink. I will have a drink. Ah, yes. | 我要喝一杯 喝一杯 啊 没错 |
[11:15] | I’d like to propose a toast. To jobs that pay the rent. To jobs that pay the rent. | 为交房租的工作 干一杯 为交房租的工作 |
[11:18] | Jobs that pay the rent. | 为交房租的工作 |
[11:20] | Oh, baby. You should see the way these girls at Runway dress. | 亲爱的 你该看看《天桥》里面 女生的打扮 |
[11:24] | I don’t have a thing to wear to work. | 我都没有像样的衣服穿去上班 |
[11:26] | Come on. You’re gonna be answering phones and getting coffee. | 拜托 你只是去接电话 买咖啡 |
[11:29] | You need a ball gown for that? | 干那活需要穿晚礼服吗 |
[11:31] | I think I might. | 我想我可能需要吧 |
[11:33] | Well, I happen to think you look great always. | 我认为你穿什么都好看 |
[11:37] | Aww! I think you’re full of it. | 啊 胡说八道 |
[11:43] | Hey. Come on. Let’s go home. Yeah. | 嘿 过来 现在就回家 好 |
[11:45] | I can think of something we can do that doesn’t require any clothing. | 有件事我们不穿衣服也能做 |
[11:48] | Really? Mmm. | 真的 嗯 |
[11:57] | Hello? | 喂 |
[11:59] | Andrea, Miranda decided to kill the autumn jacket story for September… | 安吉丽雅 马琳达决定 取消九月的秋季夹克衫报道 |
[12:02] | and she is pulling up the Sedona shoot from October. | 并提前十月的赛多纳的设计 |
[12:04] | You need to come into the office right this second and pick up her coffee order on the way. | 你立即回办公室 路上把咖啡也买了 |
[12:08] | Now? Now, get a pen and write this down. | 现在 没错 再拿纸笔把这个记下来 |
[12:11] | I want one no-foam skimmed latte with an extra shot… | 我要一份大杯无泡的低脂拿铁咖啡 |
[12:15] | and three drip coffees with room for milk. | 和三杯冲泡的咖啡 咖啡还要加奶 |
[12:17] | Searing hot. And I mean hot. | 一定要滚烫的 |
[12:24] | Hello? | 喂 |
[12:26] | Where are you? Oh, I’m almost there. Yeah. | 你在哪儿 我就快到了 |
[12:29] | Shoot! Oh! | 该死 |
[12:35] | Is there some reason that my coffee isn’t here? | 为什么我没看到我的咖啡 |
[12:38] | Has she died or something? | 她死了还是怎么了 |
[12:40] | No. God. | 没有 天哪 |
[12:48] | Oh. Bloody time. | 哦 太慢了 |
[12:50] | I hope you know that this is a very difficult job… Mm-hmm. | 我希望你知道这是份艰难的活 是的 |
[12:54] | For which you are totally wrong. | 那你就错了 |
[12:56] | And if you mess up, my head is on the chopping block. | 你的失职会送我上断头台的 |
[12:59] | Now, hang that up. Don’t just fling it anywhere. | 把那挂起来 别随便乱扔 |
[13:12] | Okay. First of all, you and I answer the phones. | 首先 我和你接听电话 |
[13:15] | The phone must be answered every single time it rings. | 每次响铃都必须接 |
[13:18] | Calls roll to voice mail, and she gets very upset. | 如果转入语音信箱 她会很生气 |
[13:21] | If I’m not here… Andrea, Andrea… | 如果我不在这里 安吉丽雅 安吉丽雅 |
[13:23] | you are chained to that desk. | 你必须一直呆在桌子旁 |
[13:26] | Well, what if I need to… What? No. | 好 但如果我要 什么 不行 |
[13:29] | One time an assistant left the desk because she sliced her hand open with a letter opener… | 上次的一个女助理 手被开信刀划伤 离开了桌子 |
[13:33] | and Miranda missed Lagerfeld… | 导致马琳达错过了与拉格费尔德的会面 |
[13:33] | 拉格费尔德 Karl Otto Lagerfeld 时尚设计师 | |
[13:36] | just before he boarded a 17-hour flight to Australia. | 恰好接着拉格费尔德又去了澳大利亚 |
[13:39] | She now works at TVGuide. | 现在那个倒霉蛋 她在干电视导购 |
[13:42] | Man the desk at all times. Got it. | 随时坚守岗位 知道了 |
[13:46] | Uh… Miranda Priestly’s office. | 呃 马琳达・皮斯里办公室 |
[13:50] | No, she’s not available. | 不 她现在没空 |
[13:52] | Who is it? | 请问是哪位 |
[13:56] | Yes, I will tell her you called… yet again. | 是的 我会告诉她你来过电话 好几次了 |
[14:00] | Right. Remember, you and I have totally differentjobs. | 记住 你我有不同的分工 |
[14:03] | I mean, you get coffee… and you run errands. | 我是指 你负责咖啡 听候差遣 |
[14:06] | Yet I am in charge of her schedule… | 我负责她的行程 |
[14:09] | her appointments and her expenses. | 会议和财务 |
[14:11] | And, um, most importantly, um… | 还有 最重要的是 |
[14:13] | I get to go with her to Paris for Fashion Week in the fall. | 我会和她去巴黎的秋季时尚周 |
[14:17] | I get to wear couture. I go to all the shows and all the parties. | 我会穿大牌设计的服装 参加所有的时装表演和聚会 |
[14:20] | I meet all of the designers. It’s divine. | 会见所有设计师 太神圣了 |
[14:23] | Okay. Now, stay here. I’m going to the art department to give them the Book. | 你现在留下来 我要把书拿去设计部 |
[14:28] | The… This is the Book. | 书 就是这本书 |
[14:32] | Now, it is a mock-up of everything… | 里面包含本期杂志要采用的 |
[14:35] | in the current issue. | 所有设计素材 |
[14:37] | And we deliver it to Miranda’s apartment every night, and she retu… | 我们每晚都把它送去马琳达的住处 然后她再 |
[14:40] | Don’t touch it. She returns it to us in the morning with her notes. | 别碰 她做过笔记后在隔日上午交给我们 |
[14:43] | Now, the second assistant is supposed to do this… | 现在 应该由第二助理来做这个 |
[14:46] | but Miranda is very private and she does not like strangers in her house. | 马琳达很注重隐私 不喜欢陌生人闯入她的住处 |
[14:50] | So until she decides that you are not a total psycho… | 直到她确认你不是什么变态 |
[14:53] | I get the lovely task of waiting around for the Book. | 先由我负责保管这本书 |
[14:57] | Oh, Emily? What do I do… | 哦 艾米莉 我该怎么办 |
[14:59] | Deal with it. | 把它处理好 |
[15:06] | Hello. Mrs. Priestly’s office. | 你好 皮斯里女士办公室 |
[15:09] | Hmm. That’s what I meant. Miranda Priestly’s office. | 嗯 我就那意思 马琳达・皮斯里办公室 |
[15:14] | Um, you know, she is in a meeting. Can I please take a message? | 呃 她现在开会 能为你留个口信吗 |
[15:21] | Okay. Can you please spell Gabbana? | 好 请拼一下 Gabbana |
[15:21] | Gabbana Docle & Gabbana又名D&G意大利时尚品牌 | |
[15:24] | Hello? | 喂 |
[15:28] | I guess not. | 不拼算了 |
[15:30] | I guessed an eight and a half. | 我猜你穿八点五号鞋 |
[15:33] | Um, uh, that’s very nice of you… | 呃 你真好 |
[15:35] | but I don’t think I need these. | 但我好象不需要它们 |
[15:38] | Miranda hired me. She knows what I look like. | 马琳达雇了我 她知道我的样子 |
[15:41] | Do you? | 你知道吗 |
[15:45] | Emily. | 艾米莉 |
[15:49] | Emily? | 艾米莉 |
[15:51] | She means you. | 她叫你呢 |
[15:56] | We just cut on the bias. That’s not what I asked you. | 我们刚才这样斜着剪 我要求的不是那样 |
[16:00] | I couldn’t have been clearer. There you are, Emily. | 我说得很清楚了 你来了 艾米莉 |
[16:02] | How many times do I have to scream your name? Actually, it’s Andy. | 要我喊你多少遍才够 其实 我是安迪 |
[16:07] | My name is Andy. Andrea, but, uh, everybody calls me Andy. | 我叫安迪 安吉丽雅 但大家都叫我安迪 |
[16:13] | I need 10 or 15 skirts from Calvin Klein. | 我需要十到十五条 CK 的裙子 |
[16:13] | CK Clavin Klein 美国最顶级时尚品牌 | |
[16:18] | What kind of skirts do you… Please bore someone else with your questions. | 你想要什么样式的 这种无聊的问题你问别人去 |
[16:22] | And make sure we have Pier 59 at 8:00 a.m. Tomorrow. | 去”五十九号码头”餐厅 确认明天八点的座位 |
[16:26] | Remind Jocelyn I need to see a few of those satchels that Marc is doing in the pony. | 提醒约瑟琳 我要看看 马克在手抄里画的背包 |
[16:30] | And then tell Simone I’ll takeJackie if Maggie isn’t available. | 告诉西蒙如果杰茜没空就用麦吉 |
[16:33] | Did Demarchelier confirm? D-Did D-Demarchel… | 迪马休里耶确认了没 迪 迪马休里耶 |
[16:33] | 帕特里克・迪马休里耶 著名摄影师 | |
[16:37] | Demarchelier. Did he… Get him on the phone. | 迪马休里耶 他 打电话给他 |
[16:40] | Uh, o… okay. | 呃 好的 |
[16:44] | And, Emily? Yes? | 还有 艾米莉 是的 |
[16:58] | That’s all. | 就这样 |
[17:00] | It’s just the cavalier disregard for clear directions… | 这只是不符合 |
[17:11] | Do you have Demarchelier? | 联络上迪马休里耶了吗 |
[17:13] | Uh, Demarchelier. | 呃 迪马休里耶 |
[17:15] | Leave it. Do you have… | 让开 你有没有 |
[17:21] | I have Miranda Priestly calling. | 马琳达・皮里斯的助理 |
[17:23] | I have Patrick! | 帕特里克在线 |
[17:27] | Uh, no, she called me in there and-and then she asked me about Pier 59. | 哦 她叫我进去 还有什么五十九号码头 |
[17:30] | And there was something about Simone, Frankie, someone else. | 还有关于西蒙 弗兰克 还有谁 |
[17:34] | And, um, she needs skirts from Calvin Klein. | 她要 CK 的裙子 |
[17:38] | And, uh, there was something about a pony. | 还有关于什么小马 |
[17:38] | 小马和手抄同音 | |
[17:41] | Did she say which skirts? No. No. | 她说要什么裙子了吗 没有 |
[17:43] | Did she say what kind? Color, shape, fabric? I tried to ask her. | 她说是什么款式的 颜色 形状 材料 我试着问过了 |
[17:46] | You may never ask Miranda anything. | 你永远不能问马琳达任何问题 |
[17:49] | Right. I will deal with all of this, and you will go to Calvin Klein. | 好 我处理其它事 你去拿 CK |
[17:53] | Eh… Me? | 呃 我 |
[17:55] | Oh, I’m sorry. Do you have some prior commitment? | 不好意思 你还有其它要事吗 |
[17:58] | Some hideous skirt convention you have to go to? | 要去”恶心裙子讨论会”吗 |
[18:15] | Miranda? | 马琳达 |
[18:17] | Are you there? I’m about to walk in. I’ll call you as soon as… | 到了没 我正要进去 我马上打电话 |
[18:25] | Hello? Hi. While you’re out… | 喂 你好 你在外面 |
[18:27] | Miranda needs you to go to Hermes to pick up 25 scarves we ordered for her. | 马琳达要你去爱玛仕 拿她定的二十五条围巾 |
[18:31] | Okay. Cassidy forgot her homework at Dalton. Pick that up. | 好的 卡西迪巴把作业忘在达尔顿了 你去那取 |
[18:33] | Miranda went out to meet with Meisel, and she will want more Starbucks when she gets back. | 马琳达去见麦塞尔 她回来时要喝星巴克 |
[18:37] | Hot Starbucks. Can you just repeat that first… | 要热的 你能重复第一件 |
[18:39] | Hello? | 喂 |
[18:45] | Oh, my God. | 哦 天哪 |
[18:48] | What took you so long? I have to pee! | 怎么那么久 我要去厕所 |
[18:50] | What? You haven’t peed since I left? | 什么 从我出去到现在你没去过厕所 |
[18:52] | No, I haven’t. I’ve been manning the desk, haven’t I? I’m bursting. | 没有 我一直坚守岗位 快憋不住了 |
[19:00] | Oh, hi. | 哦 嗨 |
[19:02] | You do coat. Do the coat! | 你挂衣服 挂起来 |
[19:06] | Okay. | 好的 |
[19:08] | Now, be prepared. The run-through is at 12:30. | 准备好 十二点三十分开始挑拔 |
[19:10] | People are panicking, so the phone is going to be ringing off the hook. | 大家都很惊慌 电话随时都会响起 |
[19:14] | The ru… The run-through. Right. | 挑 挑拔 好的 |
[19:16] | Yes. Editors bring in options for the shoot, and Miranda chooses. | 没错 编辑们提出构思 马琳达选出好的 |
[19:20] | She chooses every single thing in every single issue. | 她要精心挑选每一个主题 |
[19:22] | Run-throughs are a huge deal. I don’t know why you don’t know that, Andrea. | 挑选是件大事 真不懂你怎么会不知道 安吉丽雅 |
[19:25] | Okay. Are you ready? Oh, hi, hi. | 好了 准备好没 哦 嗨 |
[19:28] | Right. Well, after the loo, Serena and I are going to lunch. | 好了 上完厕所 塞莉娜和我去吃午饭 |
[19:31] | This is her… the new me. Hi. | 就是她 新的我 嗨 |
[19:33] | Told you. I thought you were kidding. | 我说吧 我以为你开玩笑 |
[19:35] | No, quite serious, yeah. I get 20 minutes for lunch, and you get 15. | 当然不是 我有二十分钟吃午饭 你只有十五分钟 |
[19:39] | When I come back, you can go. Okay. | 我回来后 你就能去了 好的 |
[19:41] | What exactly is she wearing? | 她穿的是什么啊 |
[19:43] | Her grandmother’s skirt. | 她外婆的裙子 |
[19:57] | Hmm. Corn chowder. | 嗯 粟米海鲜汤 |
[19:59] | That’s an interesting choice. | 有趣的口味 |
[20:01] | You do know that cellulite is one of the main ingredients in corn chowder. | 你知道这里面有很多脂肪 |
[20:11] | So none of the girls here eat anything? | 那这里的女孩都不吃东西 |
[20:13] | Not since two became the new four and zero became the new two. | 自从二号变成四号 还有零号变成二号 就不吃了 |
[20:13] | 这里的号码指衣服尺寸 | |
[20:18] | Well, I’m a six. Which is the new 14. | 我是六号 那就要变成十四号了 |
[20:24] | Oh. Shoot. | 哦 该死 |
[20:27] | Oh, never mind. I’m sure you have plenty more polyblend where that came from. | 哦 没关系 你一定还有很多其它化纤衣服 |
[20:31] | Okay. You think my clothes are hideous. | 你觉得我的衣服难看 |
[20:35] | I get it. | 我知道了 |
[20:37] | But, you know, I’m not going to be in fashion forever… | 但 你知道我不会一直留在时尚界 |
[20:40] | so I don’t see the point of changing everything about myself just because I have this job. | 我不想为了这个工作改变自己 |
[20:43] | Yes, that’s true. | 真是说对了 |
[20:45] | That’s really what this multibillion-dollar industry is all about anyway, isn’t it? | 这个值好几亿的产业 就只关心一件事 对不对 |
[20:49] | Inner beauty. | 内在美 |
[20:53] | Hello. | 喂 |
[20:56] | Right. Come on. | 好 快来 |
[20:58] | Miranda’s pushed the run-through up a half an hour. Mmm! | 马琳达提前半小时开始了选拔 |
[21:01] | She’s always 15 minutes early. Which means? | 她通常都早到十五分钟 意思是 |
[21:03] | You’re already late. Come. Shoot! | 你迟到了 来 该死 |
[21:05] | Excuse me. | 借过 |
[21:08] | Mr. Ravitz. | 拉维兹先生 |
[21:10] | Nigel. | 奈杰尔 |
[21:13] | Issue going well? Oh, yes. Our best September ever. | 工作顺利吗 哦 是的 至今最成功的一个九月 |
[21:16] | Great. Heard Miranda killed autumn jackets and pulled up the Sedona shoot. | 很好 听说马琳达取消秋季夹克衫 选了赛多纳的设计 |
[21:21] | What’s that costing me? | 那要花掉我多少钱 |
[21:23] | About 300,000. | 大概三十万 |
[21:26] | Must have been some lousy jackets. | 那些夹克肯定发霉了 |
[21:29] | Irv Ravitz. Oh, I’m sorry. | 俄弗・拉维兹 哦 对不起 |
[21:31] | This is Andy Sachs, Miranda’s new assistant. | 这位是安迪・塞克斯 马琳达的新助理 |
[21:34] | Congratulations, young lady. | 恭喜你 年轻人 |
[21:36] | A million girls would kill for that job. | 女生会为这工作发疯的 |
[21:39] | Bye-bye. | 再见 |
[21:41] | Hmm? Chairman of Elias-Clarke, Irv Ravitz. | 嗯 艾丽雅斯・克拉克的总裁 俄弗・拉维兹 |
[21:44] | You know what they say? Tiny man, huge ego. | 知道别人怎么说他的 个子小野心大 |
[21:52] | No. And I’ve seen all this before. | 不行 都过时了 |
[21:55] | Theyskens is trying to reinvent the drop waist, so actually it’s… | 瑟斯肯斯尝试重新引进露背款式 所以 |
[21:58] | Where are all the other dresses? We have some right here. | 其他裙子呢 这里有一些 |
[22:01] | Stand, watch and listen. And I think it can be very interesting… | 站着 边看边听 我认为这样很时髦 |
[22:04] | No. No, I just… It’s just baffling to me. | 不 不 我 真搞不懂 |
[22:09] | Why is it so impossible to put together a decent run-through? | 为什么做个顺利的挑选会这么难 |
[22:12] | You people have had hours and hours to prepare. It’s just so confusing to me. | 你们有这么多时间准备 真让我搞不懂 |
[22:17] | Where are the advertisers? | 广告部的人呢 |
[22:20] | We have some pieces from Banana Republic. We need more, don’t we? | 我们从巴纳纳拿来这些 我们还需要更多 是吗 |
[22:23] | Oh. This is… This might be… What do you think of… Yeah. | 哦 这个 这个可以 你们觉得呢 是啊 |
[22:27] | Well, you know me. | 哦 你知道我这人 |
[22:28] | Give me a full ballerina skirt and a hint of saloon and I’m on board. | 一条芭蕾舞裙加一点造型 我绝对赞成 |
[22:31] | But do you think it’s too much like… Like the Lacroix from July? | 你不觉得有点太 像七月刊的卡奎 |
[22:35] | I thought that, but no, not with the right accessories. It should work. | 我想过 但只要找对饰品 我就觉得能行 |
[22:38] | Where are the belts for this dre… Why is no one ready? | 这裙子的腰带呢 就不能都准备好吗 |
[22:43] | Here. It’s a tough call. | 这里 但有点麻烦 |
[22:46] | They’re so different. Hmm. | 该挑哪个 嗯 |
[22:53] | Something funny? | 很好笑吗 |
[22:59] | No. No, no. Nothing’s… | 不 不 没什么 |
[23:02] | You know, it’s just that both those belts look exactly the same to me. | 只是 这两条腰带几乎一模一样 |
[23:06] | You know, I’m still learning about this stuff and, uh… | 其实 我还在学这东西 呃 |
[23:10] | “This… stuff”? | “这 东西” |
[23:13] | Oh. Okay. I see. | 好了 我知道了 |
[23:17] | You think this has nothing to do with you. | 你觉得这和你无关 |
[23:19] | You go to your closet… | 你去自己的衣橱 |
[23:22] | and you select… I don’t know… that lumpy blue sweater, for instance… | 选择 我不知道 比如你那松垮的蓝色绒线衫 |
[23:27] | because you’re trying to tell the world that you take yourself too seriously… | 试着告诉世人你的人生重要到 |
[23:30] | to care about what you put on your back. | 你无法关心自己的穿着 |
[23:33] | But what you don’t know is that that sweater is not just blue. | 但你要知道那衣服不仅仅是蓝色 |
[23:36] | It’s not turquoise. It’s not lapis. | 不是绿色 也不是青色 |
[23:38] | It’s actually cerulean. | 而是天蓝色 |
[23:41] | And you’re also blithely unaware of the fact… | 你还轻率地忽视很多事情 |
[23:43] | that in 2002, Oscar de la Renta did a collection of cerulean gowns. | 像奥斯卡・德拉伦塔在二零零二年 设计过一系列天蓝色的晚礼服 |
[23:47] | And then I think it was Yves Saint Laurent… wasn’t it… | 然后 我估计是圣罗兰 是吗 |
[23:50] | who showed cerulean military jackets? | 设计出天蓝色的军式夹克衫 |
[23:52] | I think we need a jacket here. Mmm. | 我认为还需要件外套 嗯 |
[23:54] | And then cerulean quickly showed up in the collections of eight different designers. | 之后天蓝色就成了 其他八位不同设计师的最爱 |
[23:58] | And then it, uh, filtered down through the department stores… | 然后放入其名下的商店 |
[24:02] | and then trickled on down into some tragic Casual Corner… | 最后慢慢掺入可悲的 CC |
[24:02] | CC Casual Corner 提倡舒适的美国中档品牌 | |
[24:06] | where you, no doubt, fished it out of some clearance bin. | 才让你从她们的打折货中掏到 |
[24:09] | However, that blue represents millions of dollars… | 总之 那蓝色值几千万 |
[24:12] | and countless jobs… | 花费了数不尽的心血 |
[24:14] | and it’s sort of comical how you think that you’ve made a choice… | 滑稽的是 你以为是你选择了这个颜色 |
[24:18] | that exempts you from the fashion industry… | 让自己远离时尚界 |
[24:20] | when, in fact… | 事实却是 |
[24:22] | you’re wearing a sweater that was selected for you by the people in this room… | 这屋子里的人帮你从一堆衣服里 |
[24:26] | from a pile of stuff. | 选了这件绒线衫 |
[24:29] | So then I said, “No, I couldn’t see the difference… | 然后说”不 我看不出有这两条 |
[24:32] | between the two absolutely identical belts'”… | 完全相同的腰带有何区别” |
[24:34] | and you should have seen the look she gave me! | 你应该看见当时她看我的眼神 |
[24:36] | I thought the flesh was gonna melt off her face. | 还以为她脸上的肉要化了一样 |
[24:38] | It’s not funny. | 这不好笑 |
[24:41] | She’s not happy unless everyone around her is panicked, nauseous or suicidal. | 看到别人不安 恶心或者自杀 她才会开心 |
[24:45] | And the Clackers just worship her. | 还有那些嘎嗒子却崇拜她 |
[24:48] | The who? They call them Clackers. | 什么子 她们叫嘎嗒子 |
[24:50] | The sound that their stilettos make in the marble lobby. | 高跟鞋接触大理石地面的声音 |
[24:54] | It’s like, “Clack, clack, clack. Clack, clack.” | 就像”嘎达 嘎达 嘎达 嘎达” |
[24:56] | And they all act like they’re curing cancer or something. | 她们的样子好像去医癌症似的 |
[25:00] | The amount of time and energy… | 花费很大精力和时间在 |
[25:03] | that these people spend on these insignificant, minute details, and for what? | 不重要的会议细节上 然后呢 |
[25:08] | So that tomorrow they can spend another $300,000 reshooting something… | 第二天他们就能再花三十万重新拍照片 |
[25:12] | that was probably fine to begin with… | 或许对不需要那些东西的人来说 |
[25:14] | to sell people things they don’t need! | 这好像不算什么 |
[25:17] | God! | 天哪 |
[25:20] | I’m not even hungry anymore. What? | 我都气饱了 什么 |
[25:23] | That is why those girls are so skinny. Oh. No, no, no. | 怪不得那些女孩那么瘦 哦 不 不 |
[25:26] | Give me that. There’s, like, eight dollars ofJarlsberg in there. | 哦 不 给我 里面还有八美金的干酪呢 |
[25:29] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[25:33] | I just have to stick it out for a year. One year. | 我只要忍一年 一年 |
[25:36] | And then I can do what I came to New York to do. | 之后就能做我来纽约该做的事 |
[25:39] | But I can’t let Miranda get to me. I won’t. | 我决不能输给马琳达 决不会 |
[25:42] | Easy there, tiger. | 别太勉强了 |
[25:46] | Oh, good morning, Miranda. Get me Isaac. | 哦 早上好 马琳达 接通埃塞克 |
[25:51] | I don’t see my breakfast here. Are my eggs here? Where are my eggs? | 我没见着我的早饭 鸡蛋呢 我要的鸡蛋呢 |
[25:54] | Excuse me! | 借过 |
[25:55] | Pick up the Polaroids from the lingerie shoot. | 去内衣设计那儿取偏光板 |
[25:58] | Have the brakes checked on my car. | 去检修刹车 |
[26:05] | Where’s that piece of paper I had in my hand yesterday morning? | 我昨天早上拿到的那份文件呢 |
[26:08] | The girls need new surfboards or boogie boards or something for spring break. | 双胞胎需要新的冲浪板或者趴板 总之寒假用得着的东西 |
[26:13] | Hello. The twins also need flip-flops. | 喂 她们还要沙滩拖鞋 |
[26:17] | Ow! Oh, my gosh! | 啊 哦 天哪 |
[26:19] | Pick up my shoes from Blahnik, and then go get Patricia. | 去布朗尼克取我的鞋 然后去接派奇特 |
[26:19] | Monolo Blahnik 高级女鞋品牌 | |
[26:23] | Who’s that? Good girl! Good girl! Good girl! | 她是谁 好孩子 好孩子 |
[26:26] | Get me that little table that I liked at that store on Madison. | 去买我在曼蒂森看中的那张小圆桌 |
[26:30] | Get us a reservation for dinner tonight at that place that got the good review. | 为今晚晚餐定一家评价好的餐馆 |
[26:33] | Get me Isaac. Thirty-six thank-you notes delivered today. | 接通埃塞克 寄出三十六份感谢信 |
[26:36] | Where is everyone? Why is no one working? | 人都去那儿了 为什么没人在工作 |
[26:41] | Get me Demarchelier. | 接通迪马休里耶 |
[26:50] | I have Miranda Priestly calling for… Okay. | 马琳达・皮斯利的助手 好的 |
[26:54] | I have Patrick. | 帕特里克在线 |
[27:01] | Thank God it’s Friday, right? | 谢天谢地 星期五了 |
[27:04] | At least Miranda will be in Miami, so we don’t have to be on call this weekend. | 马琳达会在迈阿密 这周末不用待命了 |
[27:09] | You know, my dad’s coming in from Ohio. | 我父亲从俄亥俄州来看我 |
[27:11] | Yeah, we’re gonna go out to dinner, maybe see Chicago. | 我们出去吃饭 可能去看《芝加哥》 |
[27:11] | 芝加哥 著名百老汇歌舞剧 | |
[27:13] | You doing anything fun this weekend? | 这周末有没有安排 |
[27:15] | Yes. | 有 |
[27:21] | Yeah, Nate said it was great. | 是啊 内特说很好 |
[27:24] | He actually… He applied here, but they wanted someone with more experience. | 他其实应聘过这里 但他们需要经验丰富的 |
[27:28] | Here. Huh? What’s this? | 给 嗯 是什么 |
[27:30] | I don’t want you to get behind on your rent. | 我不想你拖房租 |
[27:33] | Dad, how did you… It’s… | 爸 你怎么 只是 |
[27:36] | I’m gonna kill Mom. | 我要掐我妈 |
[27:39] | Dad, thank you. | 谢谢你 爸爸 |
[27:46] | It’s really good to see you. You too, honey. | 真高兴见到你 我也是 宝贝 |
[27:49] | So, you want to start grilling me now… | 你想现在就说正题呢 |
[27:52] | or should we wait till after dinner? | 还是等吃了晚饭后 |
[27:54] | I thought I’d let you at least enjoy the bread basket first. | 我想让你吃了早饭再说 |
[27:58] | No, no, no. It’s okay. Go right ahead. | 不 不 没关系 现在说吧 |
[28:00] | We’re just a little worried, honey. | 我们只是很担心你 宝贝 |
[28:02] | We get e-mails from you at your office at 2:00 a.m. | 我们凌晨两点收到你的电子邮件 |
[28:05] | Your pay is terrible. You don’t get to write anything. | 工资低 又不参与文笔工作 |
[28:08] | Hey, that’s not fair. | 嘿 这么说不公平 |
[28:10] | I wrote those e-mails. | 我写了那些电子邮件的 |
[28:12] | I’m just trying to understand why someone who got accepted to Stanford Law… | 我试着了解被斯坦福法律系接受的人 |
[28:16] | turns it down to be a journalist, and now you’re not even doing that. | 为什么会想做记者 更何况你现在还不算是记者 |
[28:19] | Dad, you have to trust me. | 爸 你要相信我 |
[28:23] | Being Miranda’s assistant opens a lot of doors. | 做马琳达的助理就不用愁将来了 |
[28:26] | Emily is going to Paris with Miranda in a few months… | 艾米莉要和马琳达去巴黎几个月 |
[28:29] | and she’s gonna meet editors and writers from every important magazine. | 她会遇到著名杂志社的编辑和作者 |
[28:33] | And in a year, that could be me. | 再过一年 我也能去了 |
[28:35] | All right? Mm-hmm. | 好吗 嗯 |
[28:38] | Dad, I swear, this is my break. | 爸 我发誓 这将是我的转折点 |
[28:41] | This is my… my chance. | 这是我的 机遇 |
[28:43] | This is my boss. | 是我老板 |
[28:48] | I’m sorry, Dad. I have to take this. Take it. Take it. | 爸 对不起 我得接这个电话 接吧 接吧 |
[28:51] | Hello. Miranda? My flight has been canceled. | 你好 马琳达 我的班机取消了 |
[28:55] | It’s some absurd weather problem. | 因为什么荒谬的天气原因 |
[28:57] | I need to get home tonight. The twins have a recital tomorrow morning at school. | 我要今晚回家 双胞胎明天要在学校表演独奏 |
[29:01] | What? At school! | 什么 在学校 |
[29:03] | Absolutely. Let me see what I can do. Good. | 好的 我来想办法 很好 |
[29:06] | Hi. Um, I know this is totally last minute… | 嗨 我知道事情紧急 |
[29:09] | but I was hoping that you could maybe get a flight for my boss… | 但我希望你今晚能帮我老板找架 |
[29:12] | from Miami to New York tonight? | 从迈阿密飞往纽约的飞机 |
[29:16] | It’s right here. Thank you. Yeah, any kind of jet. | 就这里 谢谢 是 任何一种喷气机都行 |
[29:18] | From Miami to New York. Thank you. | 从迈阿密飞往纽约 谢谢 |
[29:20] | Yup, I need it tonight. I need it… Ow! | 是的 今晚就要 我要 哦 |
[29:22] | I thought you were going out the other… Sweetie! No. | 我以为你从那边出来 亲爱的 我没有 |
[29:24] | It’s over here, honey. Tonight. | 在这里 亲爱的 今晚 |
[29:26] | Hi. I’m trying to get a flight tonight… for tonight… from Miami to New York. | 嗨 我要今晚的飞机 今晚 迈阿密到纽约 |
[29:31] | Yes, I know there’s a hurricane. | 是 我知道有暴风 |
[29:34] | Nothing is flying out? What do you mean, nothing is flying out? | 都飞不出去 什么叫都飞不出去 |
[29:37] | It’s for Miranda Priestly, and I know that she’s a client of yours. | 是马琳达・皮斯利的要求 她是你们的客户 |
[29:41] | Yes. Yes, hi. I need a jet tonight from Miami to New York. | 是 是 我要一架迈阿密去纽约的飞机 |
[29:45] | Yeah. Sorry. Hold on. Hello? Miranda, hi. | 是 对不起 等一下 喂 马琳达 |
[29:49] | I’m trying to get you a flight, but no one is flying out because of the weather. | 我在尽力给你找飞机 但因天气原因 飞机都飞不了 |
[29:53] | Please. It’s just… I don’t know… drizzling. | 拜托 这只是 我不知道 毛毛雨 |
[29:56] | Someone must be getting out. | 总有人要出去 |
[29:58] | Call Donatella. Get her jet. | 打电话给多娜特拉 让她找 |
[30:00] | Call everybody else that we know that has a jet. Irv? | 找所有社交圈里有飞机的人 俄弗 |
[30:03] | Call every… This is your responsibi… This is yourjob. | 打给每个人 这是你的职责 你的工作 |
[30:06] | Get me home. | 让我回家 |
[30:08] | Oh, my God! She’s going to murder me. | 哦 天哪 她会杀了我的 |
[30:11] | What does she want you to do, call the National Guard and have her airlifted out of there? | 她要你怎么做 叫国民警卫队去援救她 |
[30:14] | Of course not. Could I do that? | 当然不是 我会那么做吗 |
[30:16] | Come on. | 来 |
[30:18] | Come on. | 我们走 |
[30:18] | 芝加哥 歌舞剧 | |
[30:20] | The girls’ recital was absolutely wonderful. | 她们的独奏太精彩了 |
[30:23] | They played Rachmaninoff. Everyone loved it. | 选了拉克曼尼诺夫的作品 所有人都说好 |
[30:26] | Everyone except me… | 除了我 |
[30:28] | because, sadly, I was not there. | 因为 不幸地 我不在场 |
[30:32] | Miranda, I’m so sorry. | 马琳达 我很抱歉 |
[30:34] | Do you know why I hired you? | 知道我为什么雇你吗 |
[30:37] | I always hire the same girl… | 我总是雇类似的女孩 |
[30:40] | stylish, slender, of course… | 时髦 苗条 当然还有 |
[30:43] | worships the magazine. | 崇拜这本杂志 |
[30:45] | But so often, they turn out to be… | 但是 她们总变得 |
[30:48] | I don’t know… disappointing and, um… | 我不知道 让人失望 |
[30:52] | stupid. | 变得愚蠢 |
[30:54] | So you, with that impressive resume… | 而你 有漂亮的简历 |
[30:59] | and the big speech about your so-called work ethic… | 还有夸夸其谈地说自己是工作狂 |
[31:02] | I, um… I thought you would be different. | 我 我以为你会不一样 |
[31:05] | I said to myself, go ahead. | 我对自己说 去吧 |
[31:08] | Take a chance. | 抓住机会 |
[31:11] | Hire the smart, fat girl. | 雇一个聪明的胖女孩 |
[31:14] | I had hope. | 我有过希望 |
[31:18] | My God. I live on it. | 天哪 希望是我的动力 |
[31:20] | Anyway, you ended up disappointing me more than, um… | 总之 你却比其他任何蠢女孩 |
[31:26] | more than any of the other silly girls. | 都更让我感到失望 |
[31:31] | Um, I really did everything I could think of. | 我真的做了我能做的 |
[31:35] | Uh… That’s all. | 呃 就这样 |
[31:47] | Excuse me! Where do you think you’re going? | 站住 你要去哪儿 |
[32:09] | She hates me, Nigel. | 她恨我 奈杰尔 |
[32:12] | And that’s my problem because… | 这跟我有关 |
[32:14] | Oh, wait. No, it’s not my problem. | 哦 等等 这跟我没关系 |
[32:16] | I don’t know what else I can do because if I do something right, it’s unacknowledged. | 我不知道还能怎么做 事情做对了 好像是应该的 |
[32:21] | She doesn’t even say thank you. | 她连谢谢都不说 |
[32:23] | But if I do something wrong, she is vicious. | 但如果事情做错了 她就是个巫婆 |
[32:28] | So quit. What? | 辞职好了 什么 |
[32:32] | Quit. Quit? | 辞职 辞职 |
[32:34] | I can get another girl to take your job in five minutes… one who really wants it. | 我可以在五分钟内找到一个 非常想要这份工作的女孩顶替你 |
[32:39] | No, I don’t want to quit. That’s not fair. | 不 我不要辞职 这不公平 |
[32:41] | But, you know, I’m just saying that I would just like a little credit… | 我只是说 我想要为自己的努力 |
[32:46] | for the fact that I’m killing myself trying. | 赢得些奖励 |
[32:48] | Andy, be serious. | 安迪 现实点 |
[32:51] | You are not trying. | 你根本没有努力 |
[32:53] | You are whining. I… | 你在抱怨 我 |
[32:56] | What is it that you want me to say to you, huh? | 你希望我对你说什么 |
[32:59] | Do you want me to say, “Poor you. Miranda’s picking on you. Poor you. Poor Andy”? | 要我说”真可怜 马琳达又欺负你了 可怜的安迪” |
[33:04] | Hmm? Wake up, six. | 是吗 醒醒 六号女生 |
[33:07] | She’s just doing herjob. | 她只是做她的工作 |
[33:09] | Don’t you know that you are working at the place… | 你知道吗 你工作的这个地方 |
[33:12] | that published some of the greatest artists of the century? | 负责出版近百年来顶尖艺术家的作品 |
[33:14] | Halston, Lagerfeld, de la Renta. | 豪斯顿 拉格费尔德 德拉伦塔 |
[33:18] | And what they did, what they created… | 他们的作品 创作 |
[33:21] | was greater than art because you live your life in it. | 比艺术更伟大 因为你生活在这种艺术之中 |
[33:26] | Well, not you, obviously, but some people. | 哦 当然不包括你 但包括不少人 |
[33:31] | You think this is just a magazine, hmm? | 你以为这只是本杂志 对吗 |
[33:33] | This is not just a magazine. | 这不仅仅是杂志 |
[33:35] | This is a shining beacon of hope for… | 这是希望的灯塔 指路给 |
[33:40] | oh, I don’t know… | 哦 我不知道 |
[33:42] | let’s say a young boy growing up in Rhode Island with six brothers… | 比方说一个生活在罗得岛上 有六个兄弟的男孩 |
[33:45] | pretending to go to soccer practice when he was really going to sewing class… | 在上缝纫课时 模仿足球训练的动作 |
[33:48] | and reading Runway under the covers at night with a flashlight. | 晚上在被窝里用手电筒看《天桥》 |
[33:52] | You have no idea how many legends have walked these halls. | 你不知道这里员工的艰辛 |
[33:54] | And what’s worse, you don’t care. | 更糟糕的是 你根本不在乎 |
[33:57] | Because this place, where so many people would die to work… | 在这里 更多人是热爱这份工作 |
[34:01] | you only deign to work. | 而你是被迫的 |
[34:04] | And you want to know why she doesn’t kiss you on the forehead… | 你还抱怨她为什么不亲吻你的额头 |
[34:07] | and give you a gold star on your homework at the end of the day. | 每天给你的作业批个金色五角星 |
[34:13] | Wake up, sweetheart. | 醒醒吧 亲爱的 |
[34:23] | Okay. So I’m screwing it up. Mmm. | 好吧 我搞砸了 嗯 |
[34:25] | I don’t want to. | 我不想这样的 |
[34:27] | I just wish that I knew what I could do to… | 我只希望知道自己该怎么做 |
[34:35] | Nigel? Hmm? | 奈杰尔 嗯 |
[34:38] | Nigel, Nigel. | 奈杰尔 奈杰尔 |
[34:41] | No. | 不行 |
[34:43] | I don’t know what you expect me to do. | 我不知道你要我做什么 |
[34:47] | There’s nothing in this whole closet that’ll fit a size six. | 这里的衣服 六号穿不下的 |
[34:50] | I can guarantee you. | 我向你保证 |
[34:53] | These are all sample sizes… two and four. | 这里都是样品尺寸 二号和四号 |
[34:57] | All right. We’re doing this for you. And… A poncho? | 好吧 这个给你 还有 披风 |
[35:01] | You’ll take what I give you and you’ll like it. | 你收下我给你的 你会喜欢的 |
[35:03] | We’re doing this Dolce for you. Hmm! | 还有这个 Docle 嗯 |
[35:03] | Docle 就是前面提到的D&G意大利时尚品牌 | |
[35:07] | And shoes. | 还有鞋子 |
[35:09] | Jimmy Choo’s. Hmm. | 吉米・周 嗯 |
[35:13] | Manolo Blahnik. Wow. | 布朗尼克 哇 |
[35:16] | Nancy Gonzalez. Love that. | 南茜・港渣勒兹 我喜欢 |
[35:16] | 南茜・港渣勒兹 Nancy Gonzalez 皮包品牌 | |
[35:19] | Okay, Narciso Rodriguez. This we love. | 娜西索・洛吉杰斯 我们要这个 |
[35:19] | 娜西索・洛吉杰斯 Narciso Rodriguez 时尚品牌 | |
[35:21] | Uh, it might fit. It might. What? | 呃 或许合身 什么 |
[35:25] | Okay. Now, Chanel. You’re in desperate need of Chanel. Darling, shall we? | 好了 现在你非常需要香奈儿 亲爱的 走吧 |
[35:29] | We have to get to the beauty department, and God knows how long that’s going to take. | 我们还要去美容部 老天知道那要多久才够 |
[35:35] | I mean, I have no idea why Miranda hired her. | 我不知道为什么马琳达雇了她 |
[35:38] | Me neither. The other day, we were in the beauty department. | 我也是 有天我们在美容部 |
[35:41] | She held up the Shu Uemura eyelash curler and said, “What is this?” | 她拿起植村秀的眉毛卷毛器 她问”这是什么” |
[35:47] | I just knew from the moment I saw her… | 从第一次看到她我就知道 |
[35:49] | she was going to be a complete and utter disas… | 她会是个大祸害 |
[36:01] | Miranda Priestly’s office. | 马琳达・皮斯里办公室 |
[36:05] | No, actually, she’s not available, but I’ll leave word. | 不 她现在没空 要留口信吗 |
[36:08] | Okay, thanks. Bye. | 好的 谢谢 再见 |
[36:12] | How did… | 怎么可能 |
[36:16] | Are you wearing the… The Chanel boots? | 你穿的是 香奈儿的靴子 |
[36:18] | Yeah, I am. | 没错 |
[36:20] | You look good. | 你看上去不错 |
[36:24] | Oh, God. What? | 哦 天哪 怎么了 |
[36:28] | She does. Oh, shut up, Serena. | 是真的 哦 闭嘴 赛琳娜 |
[36:33] | See you guys tomorrow. Good night, man. Take it easy. | 明天见 晚安 伙计 当心点 |
[36:36] | Take care of that finger, huh? | 当心那手指 |
[36:56] | So, what do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[37:00] | Uh, I think we better get out of here… | 我想我们该在我女友看到我之前 |
[37:04] | before my girlfriend sees me. | 快点离开这里 |
[37:53] | The gowns are fabulous. | 礼服很漂亮 |
[37:56] | Mm-hmm. We’re gonna use the burgundy. | 嗯 还要勃艮第红酒 |
[38:05] | Gotta find… | 得去找 |
[38:11] | So we spent a whole semester on potatoes alone. | 我们整个学期都只吃土豆 |
[38:14] | You take the fry and squeeze it. | 拿起薯条捏一下 |
[38:16] | See how firm that is? Hey. Oh, I’m so sorry I’m late. | 能吃得饱吗 嘿 抱歉我迟到了 |
[38:20] | There was a crisis in the accessories department. | 首饰部出了点状况 |
[38:23] | I needed to find a python headband. Pythors hot right now. | 我得找条蛇皮头巾 蛇皮现在火着呢 |
[38:26] | I have exciting presents for all of you. | 我有很棒的礼物送给你们 |
[38:30] | Are you ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[38:33] | What is that? It’s a Bang & Olufsen phone. | 那是什么 B&O 的电话 |
[38:33] | B&O 丹麦一家高档电子公司 | |
[38:36] | Charlie Rose sent it to Miranda for her birthday. | 查理・罗斯送给马琳达的生日礼物 |
[38:39] | I looked it up on line. It’s $1,100. | 我上网查了下 一千一百美金 |
[38:42] | What? Wow! | 什么 厉害 |
[38:44] | And I have some products. Mason Pearson hairbrushes. | 还有一些其他产品 梅森・皮尔森的梳子 |
[38:47] | A little Clinique. Ooh! | 一些倩碧 哦 |
[38:47] | 倩碧 美容品牌 | |
[38:50] | Oh, damn it. I love your job. Oh! One more. | 该死 我爱死你的工作了 哦 还有一个 |
[38:54] | A little thing. | 小小的惊喜 |
[38:57] | Do you want it? You want… Oh. Gimme! Gimme, gimme, gimme! | 你想要吗 想要 哦 给我 给我 给我 |
[39:00] | I think she likes it. Oh, my God! This is the new MarcJacobs! | 我想她会喜欢的 我的天 这是新的 MJ |
[39:00] | MJ MarcJacobs 皮包品牌 | |
[39:03] | This is sold out everywhere. Where did you get this? | 这个皮包到处都脱销了 你怎么得到的 |
[39:05] | Miranda didn’t want it, so… | 马琳达不想要这个 所以 |
[39:08] | No, no, no, no, no. This bag is, like, $1,900. I cannot take this from you. | 不 不 不 这包值一千九百美金 我不能收下 |
[39:12] | Yeah, you can. | 你当然可以 |
[39:14] | Why do women need so many bags? Shut up. | 女人要这么多包做什么 闭嘴 |
[39:17] | You have one. You put all your junk in it, and that’s it. You’re done. | 一个包就够了 把东西都放进去不就得了 |
[39:21] | Fashion is not about utility. | 时尚不是实惠 |
[39:23] | An accessory is merely a piece of iconography… | 装饰品代表了你的形象 |
[39:25] | used to express individual identity. | 展示你的个性 |
[39:27] | Oh! And it’s pretty. That too. | 哦 太漂亮了 那个也是 |
[39:31] | Yeah. But the thing is, it turns out there is more to Runway than just fancy purses. | 没错 而且《天桥》不仅仅代表漂亮包包 |
[39:35] | Look, here’s an essay byJay Mclnerney, a piece byJoan Didion. | 看 这里有杰・麦克伦尼的评论 裘安・迪迪昂的作品 |
[39:35] | 杰・麦克伦尼 裘安・迪迪昂 都是美国知名作家 | |
[39:39] | Even an interview with Christiane Amanpour. | 还有对克里斯狄昂・阿曼普的采访 |
[39:39] | 克里斯狄昂・阿曼普 CNN频道国际部的主编 | |
[39:42] | Looks like someone’s been drinking the Kool-Aid. What do you… | 某个人的嘴巴抹了蜜了 你怎么 |
[39:45] | I got it. It’s… Yup, the Dragon Lady. | 在我这里 是 是女魔头 |
[39:49] | Oh, Miranda? Let me talk to her. | 哦 马琳达 让我跟她说 |
[39:51] | I need that. I’ll tell her to get her own scrambled eggs. | 我要接 我告诉她让她自己做炒鸡蛋 |
[39:53] | Lily, no, no, no! Put that thing up! I was gonna answer it! | 莉莉 别 把那东西翻起来 我要接那个电话 |
[39:57] | It’s gonna make… Give me the… phone. | 不然会 把手机给我 |
[40:02] | Hi, Miranda. | 你好 马琳达 |
[40:05] | Ooh. Shh. Absolutely. | 哦 嘘 没问题 |
[40:08] | Shh! Uh-huh. I’m leaving right now. | 嘘 嗯 我现在就去 |
[40:11] | You know, you guys didn’t have to be such assholes. | 你们几个有必要这么混账吗 |
[40:48] | Um, excuse me. | 呃 对不起 |
[40:50] | I’m looking forJames Holt. | 我找詹姆士・浩特 |
[40:53] | Um, that’s him right there. | 他就在那里 |
[40:55] | Oh. Thanks. No problem. | 哦 谢谢 没关系 |
[40:58] | I put my stuff out there, and I pray they improve. Really? | 我把东西放那儿 祈祷他们能有所改善 是吗 |
[41:01] | Excuse me. Hi. | 打扰了 嗨 |
[41:03] | I’m Andy. I’m picking up for Miranda Priestly. | 我是安迪 我来取马琳达・皮斯里的东西 |
[41:06] | Oh, yes. You must be the new Emily. | 哦 是的 你就是新的艾米莉 |
[41:08] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[41:11] | Oh, let me see that bag. Very, very nice. Ah. | 让我看看那包 非常漂亮 |
[41:15] | Distressed, studded leather, pieced by hand, finished with a metallic fringe. | 仿旧款式 铁钉皮革 手工缝合 金属撬边 |
[41:18] | Very nice, indeed. Who made that fantastic thing? | 真是漂亮极了 这是哪位大师的杰作 |
[41:21] | You. | 你 |
[41:24] | Hmm. Duh. This way. | 嗯 没错 这边请 |
[41:30] | Uh, here we go. | 给 |
[41:33] | It’s a sketch of Miranda’s dress for the benefit. | 是马琳达参加慈善会穿的连身裙的草图 |
[41:35] | Also the centerpiece of my spring collection. Top secret stuff. | 还有我春季设计的主打款式 高度机密 |
[41:38] | I’ll guard it with my life. Please do. | 我会誓死护驾 拜托了 |
[41:40] | Come on. You’re working for Miranda Priestly now. | 来 你现为马琳达・皮斯里工作 |
[41:43] | You must be in desperate need of hard liquor. | 你肯定需要一杯酒 |
[41:47] | Excuse us, girls. | 借过 |
[41:50] | She’ll have the punch. | 给她一杯鸡尾酒 |
[41:55] | It’s deadly. Have fun. | 会让你神魂颠倒 好好享受 |
[42:03] | He’s right, you know. Hmm? | 他说得没错 什么 |
[42:05] | The punch. I drank it at James’s last party. | 鸡尾酒 我在詹姆斯上次聚会时喝过 |
[42:08] | I woke up in Hoboken wearing nothing but a poncho and a cowboy hat. | 在赫伯肯醒来时只穿了斗篷和牛仔帽 |
[42:16] | Wise. | 很明智 |
[42:18] | Uh, hi. Christian Thompson. | 你好 克里斯丁・汤普森 |
[42:22] | Christian Thompson? You’re kidding. | 克里斯丁・汤普森 开玩笑 |
[42:25] | No, you’re… You write for, like, every magazine I love. | 不是 你 你写的杂志我都很喜欢 |
[42:29] | I actually… I reviewed your collection of essays for my college newspaper. | 事实上 我看过你在大学时写的稿子 |
[42:32] | Did you mention my good looks and my killer charm? | 有没有说我一表人才 英俊潇洒 |
[42:36] | No, but… What do you do? | 没有 但 你现在做什么 |
[42:39] | Oh. Well, I want to work for somewhere like The New Yorker or Vanity Fair. | 哦 我想在其他地方工作 像《纽约人》或者《都市生活》 |
[42:43] | I am a writer too. Is that right? | 我也是个作家 是吗 |
[42:45] | Mm-hmm. I should read your stuff. Why don’t you send it over? | 嗯 我该看看你写的东西 不如你寄些过来给我 |
[42:48] | Yeah? | 行吗 |
[42:51] | That would be… Thank you. That would be great. | 那真是 谢谢 真是太好了 |
[42:55] | But actually, right now, I’m working as Miranda Priestly’s assistant. | 不过现在 我是马琳达・皮斯里的助理 |
[42:58] | Oh, you’re kidding. Well, that’s too bad. | 你开玩笑 那样太糟糕了 |
[43:01] | That’s… Whoa. You’ll never survive Miranda. | 那 天哪 你肯定吃不消马琳达的 |
[43:06] | Excuse me? Well, you seem nice, smart. | 为什么 你看上去很善良 聪明 |
[43:10] | You can’t do that job. | 你不适合那个工作 |
[43:14] | Gotta go. | 我得走了 |
[43:16] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[43:18] | Well, it was very, very nice to meet you, Miranda girl. | 非常非常荣幸认识你 马琳达女孩 |
[43:36] | Emily? | 艾米莉 |
[43:47] | Call James Holt’s office. Tell them I want to move the preview up to today at 12:30. | 给詹姆斯・浩特办公室打电话 说预展提前到今天十二点半 |
[43:51] | Tell everybody else. Be ready to leave in half an hour. | 告诉大家 半小时内准备好 |
[43:54] | But we’re not expected until Tuesday. Did she say why? | 但那应该在周二 她说为什么了吗 |
[43:58] | Yes. Yeah, she explained every detail of her decision making. | 是的 关于她的决定 她解释了所有细节 |
[44:00] | And then we brushed each other’s hair and gabbed about American Idol. | 然后我们互相给对方梳头 像美国偶像一样说话 |
[44:04] | I see your point. | 我懂你的意思了 |
[44:06] | what’s a preview anyway? Good morning, Miranda. | 预展到底是什么 早上好 马琳达 |
[44:08] | Miranda insists upon seeing all the designers’collections… | 马琳达坚持要求在会展前 |
[44:11] | before they show them. | 看所有设计师的作品 |
[44:13] | Great to see you. Hello, James. | 很高兴见到你 你好 詹姆斯 |
[44:15] | And she tells them what she thinks? In her way. | 然后她把想法告诉对方 用她特殊的表达方式 |
[44:18] | Uh, this season really began for me with a meditation… | 这季度的设计理念起源于我对 |
[44:22] | on the intersection between East and west. | 东西风格合并的构想 |
[44:24] | There’s a scale. One nod is good. Two nods is very good. | 有个判定方法 点一次头是好 点两次是非常好 |
[44:28] | There’s only been one actual smile on record, and that was Tom Ford in 2001. | 唯一的一次微笑记录 是在二零零一年的汤姆・福特展上 |
[44:32] | An obi belt. | 和服腰带 |
[44:34] | She doesn’t like it, she shakes her head. | 如果不喜欢 她就摇头 |
[44:37] | This is the dress that we have designed specifically and exclusively for you. | 这是我们特地精心为您设计的晚装 |
[44:40] | Then, of course, there’s the pursing of the lips. | 当然 如果她紧闭嘴唇 |
[44:43] | Which means? | 意思是 |
[44:49] | Catastrophe. | 大灾难 |
[44:51] | Just, uh… Just go. | 走 快走 |
[44:55] | I just don’t understand. I’m appalled. It’s absurd. Appalled. | 我就是不明白 太可怕了 荒谬 还有可怕 |
[44:59] | You deal with it. I’ll talk to him. | 你来解决 我会跟他谈的 |
[45:01] | So because she pursed her lips, he’s gonna change his entire collection? | 就因为她紧闭嘴唇 他就要更换所有设计 |
[45:05] | You still don’t get it, do you? | 你还是不明白 是不是 |
[45:07] | Her opinion is the only one that matters. | 她的观点才是最重要的 |
[45:12] | Call my husband and confirm dinner. At Pastis? Done. | 打电话给我丈夫确认晚餐 帕斯蒂咖啡馆 已经定好了 |
[45:15] | And I’ll need a change of clothes. | 我还需要换身衣服 |
[45:17] | Well, I’ve already messengered your outfit over to the shoot. | 我已经发短信通知 把您的衣服送去杂志社了 |
[45:23] | Fine. And, Andrea, I would like you to deliver the Book to my home tonight. | 好的 安吉丽雅 我想让你今晚把书送来 |
[45:27] | Have Emily give you the key. Mm-hmm. | 让艾米莉给你钥匙 嗯 |
[45:32] | Guard this with your life. Of course. | 用生命来保管这个 当然 |
[45:36] | You know, if I can deliver the Book, that means I must have done something right. | 你知道吗 如果我能够去送书 就意味着我一定做对了什么事 |
[45:41] | I’m not a psycho. | 我不是变态 |
[45:43] | Oh, and, you know, she called me Andrea? | 哦 知道吗 她叫我安吉丽雅 |
[45:45] | I mean, she didn’t call me Emily, which is… Isn’t that great? | 她没叫我艾米莉 这样 是不是很棒 |
[45:48] | Yeah, whoopee. Right. | 是啊 万岁 |
[45:52] | Now, it’s very important that you do exactly what I’m about to tell you. | 现在听好我要告诉你的每一句话 |
[45:57] | Oh. Okay. | 哦 好的 |
[45:59] | The Book is assembled by 10:00, 10:30… | 十点至十点半 书会被剪辑好 |
[46:02] | and you must wait around for it until then. | 你必须一直等到书完成为止 |
[46:05] | You will be delivering Miranda’s dry cleaning with the Book. | 你将马琳达干洗的衣物和书一起送去 |
[46:12] | Now, the car will take you straight to Miranda’s townouse. | 司机会直接把你送去马琳达市中心的住处 |
[46:15] | You let yourself in. | 你开门进去 |
[46:20] | Andrea. You do not talk to anyone. | 安吉丽雅 你不能和任何人说话 |
[46:23] | Do not look at anyone. | 不要看任何人 |
[46:26] | This is of the utmost importance. You must be invisible. | 这是至关重要的 你必须变成隐形人 |
[46:28] | Do you understand? Uh-huh. | 明白了吗 嗯 |
[46:31] | You open the door and you walk across the foyer. | 你打开门 穿过门庭 |
[46:34] | You hang the dry cleaning in the closet across from the staircase. | 把衣服挂在楼梯对面的衣橱里 |
[46:45] | Uh… And you leave the Book on the table with the flowers. | 呃 再把书放在有花的桌子上 |
[46:56] | Shit! It’s that door to the left. | 该死 是左边那扇门 |
[47:03] | Okay. | 好的 |
[47:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[47:16] | You can give the Book to us. Shh. Which… Which table? | 你可以把书给我们 嘘 哪张桌子 |
[47:20] | It’s okay. Come on up. No, I can’t. I can’t. | 没关系 上来吧 不 我不能上去 |
[47:23] | What? It’s okay. Come on. | 什么 没关系的 来啊 |
[47:25] | Yeah, come on. It’s okay. Please stop talking. | 是啊 来啊 没事的 拜托别说了 |
[47:27] | Or you can bring the Book upstairs. Emily does it all the time. | 你可以把书带上来 艾米莉经常这么做 |
[47:31] | She does? Right. She does, all the time. | 有吗 是啊 她经常这样 |
[47:35] | Yeah? Okay. | 是吗 好吧 |
[47:45] | what did you expect me to do, walk out in the middle of a cover shoot? | 你要我怎么做 在封面拍摄途中溜出来 |
[47:48] | I rushed out of an investment committee meeting… | 我从投资协会的会议中冲出来 |
[47:51] | and I sat there waiting for you for almost an hour. | 坐在那里等了你近一个小时 |
[47:53] | I told you the cell phones didn’t work. Nobody could get a signal out. | 都说了手机没信号 所有人都没信号 |
[47:56] | I knew what everyone in that restaurant was thinking… | 我知道餐厅里的其他人怎么想的 |
[47:58] | there he is, waiting for her again. | 看他 又在等她 |
[48:26] | Okay, okay! Okay, okay. Oh, no. Shh! | 好吧 好吧 哦 不 嘘 |
[48:28] | It really wasn’t that big a deal. I promise. | 事情没那么严重 我发誓 |
[48:30] | The twins said hello, so I said hello back. | 双胞胎说你好 我也说你好 |
[48:33] | Then I went up the stairs to give her the Book and… You went upstairs? | 然后我上楼给她书 然后 你上楼了 |
[48:37] | Oh, my God. Why didn’t you just climb into bed with her and ask for a bedtime story? | 哦 天哪 你干脆去她床边 让她念故事算了 |
[48:41] | Okay, I made a mistake. I know. | 行了 我知道错了 |
[48:44] | Andrea, you don’t understand. | 安吉丽雅 你不明白 |
[48:46] | If you get fired, that might jeopardize Paris for me. | 如果你被炒 我就去不成巴黎了 |
[48:49] | If that happens, I will search every Blimpie’s in the tristate area until I track you down. | 真要是那样 我会追杀你到天涯海角 |
[48:53] | She’s gonna fire me? | 她会解雇我 |
[48:55] | I don’t know. She’s not happy. | 我不知道 她很不高兴 |
[48:58] | Andrea? | 安吉丽雅 |
[49:10] | Miranda, about last night, I… | 马琳达 关于昨晚 我 |
[49:12] | I need the new Harry Potter book for the twins. | 我要给双胞胎新的《哈里・波特》 |
[49:15] | Okay. Okay. I’ll go down to Barnes & Noble right now. | 好的 好的 我马上去书店买 |
[49:19] | Did you fall down and smack your little head on the pavement? | 你在人行道摔伤脑袋了 |
[49:23] | Not that I can recall. | 我不记得有啊 |
[49:26] | We have all the published Harry Potter books. The twins want to know what happens next. | 我们有所有已经出版的《哈里・波特》 双胞胎想知道接下来会怎么样 |
[49:30] | You want the unpublished manuscript? | 你要未出版的手稿 |
[49:34] | We know everyone in publishing. It shouldn’t be a problem, should it? | 我们和众多出版界打交道 这应该不是问题 对吗 |
[49:38] | And you can do anything, right? | 你会尽你所能的 对吗 |
[49:47] | Yes, Bobbsey. I know, baby. | 是的 小波波 我知道 宝贝 |
[49:51] | Mommy’s working very hard to get it for you. | 妈妈已经尽全力帮你去找了 |
[49:53] | She doesn’t get it. | 她是故意的 |
[49:55] | I could call frickirJ.K. Rowling herself. I’m not gonna get a copy of that book. | 就算有 J・K・罗林的电话 我也要不到那本书 |
[49:55] | J・K・罗林 《哈里・波特》的作者 | |
[49:59] | My girls are leaving on the train for their grandmother’s at 4:00… | 我的孩子会坐四点的火车去见她们的外婆 |
[50:01] | so the book better be here no later than 3:00. | 那书最晚要在三点弄到手 |
[50:04] | Of course! And I would like my steak here in 15 minutes. | 当然 十五分钟内准备好我的牛排 |
[50:09] | No problem! | 没问题 |
[50:11] | Okay. I have four hours to get the impossible manuscript. | 好了 四个小时内得到不可能得到的手稿 |
[50:15] | Smith & Wollensky’s doesn’t open until 11:30. How am I gonna get the steak? | SW 牛排店十一点半才开门 要去哪儿买牛排 |
[50:19] | Okay. I will be back in 15 minutes. | 好吧 我十五分钟内回来 |
[50:23] | Wish me luck! No. Shart. | 祝我好运 霉运送给你 |
[50:25] | Yes, yes, yes, yes. I’ve been on hold. It’s for Miranda Priestly. | 好的 好的 我还在 这是马琳达・皮斯里的要求 |
[50:29] | It’s very important. | 非常重要 |
[50:31] | Yes, I know it’s impossible to get… | 是 我知道这不可能 |
[50:34] | but, well, I was wondering if you could make the impossible possible… | 所以我才问你如果可能的话 |
[50:37] | if that’s at all possible. | 是不是能将不可能变成可能 |
[50:37] | SW牛排店 | |
[50:39] | Yes, I’m calling about the Harry Potter manuscript. | 是 我打电话询问《哈里・波特》的手稿 |
[50:43] | Uh, no. Unpublished. | 哦 不 是未出版的 |
[50:46] | Not a chance? | 没门 |
[50:48] | Tell her that it’s for Miranda Priestly. | 告诉她是马琳达・皮斯里要求的 |
[50:50] | ‘Cause I think it makes a difference. | 能重新考虑吗 |
[50:53] | 《纽约人》 克里斯丁・汤普森 | |
[50:57] | Let me call you back. | 我等会儿打给你 |
[50:59] | You probably don’t remember me. We met at James Holt’s party. | 你可能不记得我 我们在詹姆斯・浩特的聚会上见过面 |
[51:02] | I’m Miranda Priestly’s assistant. | 我是马琳达・皮斯里的助理 |
[51:05] | The Harry Potter manuscript? Oh, you’re kidding. | 《哈里・波特》的手稿 开玩笑吧 |
[51:08] | Uh, sorry to ask, but I’m desperate. | 抱歉打扰 但我也是穷途末路了 |
[51:11] | Just tell her it can’t be done. You’ll have to come up with a Plan “B.” | 就跟她说不可能 让她提其它方案 |
[51:15] | Well, this is Miranda Priestly we’re talking about. | 我们在谈论的是马琳达・皮斯里 |
[51:17] | There is no Plan “B.” There’s only Plan “A.” | 不可能有其它方案 只有按照她的方案办 |
[51:20] | Is she back? Am I fired? | 她回来了吗 我被炒了吗 |
[51:23] | I rarely say this to people who aren’t me… | 我很少对我之外的人说这话 |
[51:26] | but you have got to calm down. | 但你得冷静下来 |
[51:29] | Bloody hell! | 该死 |
[51:36] | Coat, bag. | 外套 包 |
[51:40] | What’s that? Oh, I don’t want that. I’m having lunch with Irv. | 那是什么 我不要了 我和俄弗一起吃午餐 |
[51:44] | I’ll be back at 3:00. I’d like my Starbucks waiting. | 我会在三点回来 到时还要一杯星巴克的咖啡 |
[51:48] | Oh, and if you don’t have that Harry Potter book by then… | 哦 如果到时还没有那本《哈里・波特》 |
[51:53] | don’t even bother coming back. | 你就别回来了 |
[52:08] | Hello. | 喂 |
[52:11] | Quit? Are you sure? | 辞职 你确定 |
[52:13] | I failed. She’s gonna fire me anyway. | 我完了 她肯定会炒了我 |
[52:15] | I might as well beat her to the punch. Wow. | 还不如先辞职算了 |
[52:17] | Andy, good for you. Congratulations. You’re free. | 安迪 干得好 恭喜你 你自由了 |
[52:21] | Yeah. Well, listen, I’ll call you later. Okay. | 是啊 我呆会儿再打给你 好 |
[52:24] | Hello. | 喂 |
[52:27] | I’m brilliant. No, really. | 我是天才 真的 |
[52:29] | Monuments should be erected in my honor. You didn’t. | 该为我立纪念碑 不会吧 |
[52:33] | Oh, yes. A friend of a friend does the cover art… | 是的 一个朋友的朋友做封面设计 |
[52:36] | and she happens to have the manuscript. | 她碰巧有那本手稿 |
[52:40] | Oh, no, ’cause that would mean that I actually did something right. | 哦 不 那意味着我还是做对一件事了 |
[52:44] | It’s just… Oh! | 这真是 哦 |
[52:48] | The thing is, Christian, I was just… | 问题是 克里斯丁 我只是 |
[52:50] | Look, you want this thing, you better hurry. I’ll meet you at the St. Regis. | 你还想要那东西的话就快点 去圣・理杰斯见我 |
[53:02] | Excuse me. | 借过 |
[53:15] | Welcome to the St. Regis. May I assist you with anything? Oh. Yes. | 欢迎来圣・理杰斯 能为您服务吗 哦 是的 |
[53:17] | Uh, I’m meeting someone at the King Cole Bar. Right this way. | 我在科尔国王酒吧约了朋友 这边请 |
[53:23] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[53:25] | You have one hour. Thank you. | 你还剩一个小时 谢谢你 |
[53:38] | One copy. What are my twins gonna do with that? Share? | 只有一本手稿 双胞胎该怎么办 一起看 |
[53:42] | Oh, no, I made two copies… | 哦 不 我已经做成两本 |
[53:44] | and had them covered, reset and bound so that they wouldn’t look like manuscripts. | 装订好并添加了封面 那样看起来就不会像手稿 |
[53:48] | This is an extra copy to have on file. You know, just in case. | 复制成一模一样的两本 你知道 以防万一 |
[53:52] | Well, where are these fabulous copies? I don’t see them anywhere. | 嗯 那么装订好的两本手稿在哪呢 我怎么没看到 |
[53:58] | They’re with the twins, on the train on the way to Grandma’s. | 双胞胎已经在去外婆家的火车上开始看了 |
[54:04] | Is there anything else I can do for you? | 还有什么需要我做的吗 |
[54:07] | Mm-mmm. That’s all. | 就这些吧 |
[54:11] | Okay. | 好的 |
[54:28] | Hey. Hey. I went to Dean & Deluca. | 嘿 嘿 我去了狄恩德鲁卡超市 |
[54:28] | 狄恩德鲁卡超市 Dean&Deluca 纽约顶级超市 | |
[54:31] | Man, they charge, like, five dollars a strawberry there. | 天 那里的草莓居然要五块钱一颗 |
[54:34] | But I figure since you quit your job… | 可我想既然你辞职了 |
[54:38] | we should celebrate. | 我们应该庆祝一下 |
[54:40] | Listen, Nate. Wait a minute. | 这个 内特 等等 |
[54:43] | You quit your job, but you’re still working on the twins’ science project? | 你都已经辞职了 怎么还在替双胞胎做作业 |
[54:48] | Well, that’s big of you. | 你可真伟大啊 |
[54:51] | Okay, after we talked, I realized… | 给你打完电话后 我觉得 |
[54:54] | it doesn’t make sense throwing away all those months of hard work. | 都辛苦了好几个月 就这么放弃实在是不应该 |
[55:00] | I just had a moment of weakness, that’s all. | 不过是因为感到一时的无助 所以 |
[55:02] | Yeah, well, either that, or your job sucks and your boss is a wacko. | 是 是 要不然就是因为 你那糟糕的工作和变态的老板 |
[55:09] | All right. Whatever. It’s your job. | 好吧 随便你 这是你的工作 |
[55:15] | Nate. | 内特 |
[55:18] | Come on. | 别这样 |
[55:20] | I’m still the same person I was. | 我还是原来的我 |
[55:22] | I still want the same things. Okay? | 我想要的一直没变 |
[55:26] | Mm-hmm. I promise. Same Andy, better clothes. | 我保证 内容不变 只是包装更好 |
[55:30] | I like the old clothes. | 我比较恋旧 |
[55:34] | Really? | 是吗 |
[55:37] | Well, what about these necklaces? Do you like them? | 那这些项链怎么样 你喜欢吗 |
[55:42] | No? And this dress, it’s new. | 不 那这条裙子呢 这可是新的 |
[55:47] | Well, there is one other thing that’s new… | 这个 还有这样东西也是新的 |
[55:51] | that I thought you might like. | 我觉得你可能会喜欢 |
[55:53] | But, uh… What about this? | 不过 这个怎么样 |
[55:59] | You don’t like it. I should better do… | 你不喜欢 我还是去做 |
[56:01] | No, no, no, no. | 不 不 |
[56:22] | Is this number two look? This is number two? | 这是第二款造型吗 这是第二款 |
[56:25] | Hi. Hi. All right. Turn around for me, darling. | 嗨 嗨 好了 转过来 亲爱的 |
[56:29] | Oh, I get it. I get it. I get it. | 噢 我懂了 我懂了 |
[56:31] | The piece is called “urban jungle, ‘”right? | 这是拍那组”都市丛林”对吧 |
[56:34] | Yes, the modern woman unleashes the animal within to take on the big city. | 是 现代女性通过释放内在的野性 来征服城市 |
[56:37] | Good. Go. | 好了 去吧 |
[56:40] | Sometimes I can’t believe I talk about this crap all day. | 我每天都在说些不知所云的废话 |
[56:44] | Bobby, come here. Let me see. Oh, thank you. | 伯比 过来 让我看看 谢谢你 |
[56:46] | Make sure Miranda gets these as soon as possible. Mm-hmm. | 尽快把这些样片送到马琳达手上 嗯 |
[56:49] | And tell her I switched in the Dior for the Rocha. | 告诉她我让罗沙改拍迪奥了 |
[56:51] | Oh, great. Can’t wait. Excuse me. | 噢 真好 迫不及待哈 对不起 |
[56:56] | Can we adjust the attitude? I’m sorry. | 态度能不能好点 对不起 |
[56:58] | Don’t make me feed you to one of the models. I’m sorry. | 别跟那些模特一个德性 对不起 |
[57:01] | It’s a busy day. | 今天太忙了 |
[57:03] | My personal life is hanging by a thread, that’s all. | 我的个人生活岌岌可危 所以 |
[57:06] | Join the club. That’s what happens when you start doing well at work, darling. | 彼此彼此 亲爱的 这说明你的工作开始步入正轨了 |
[57:09] | Let me know when your whole life goes up in smoke. | 等你的个人生活化为乌有的时候 记得通知我一声 |
[57:12] | That means it’s time for a promotion. | 那说明你要被提升了 |
[57:22] | No. All right, February, back of the issue. | 不行 好了 言归正传 二月号背面 |
[57:25] | Did anybody speak with Salma’s people yet? | 你们和萨尔玛联系过吗 |
[57:28] | Yes, but she’d rather do a summer cover because she has a movie coming out. | 有的 但她更想做夏季刊的封面 来配合她新拍的电影 |
[57:31] | No. Also, I’m pulling the Toobin piece on the Supreme Court women… | 不行 还有 图比做的那篇 关于最高法院里的女性 |
[57:35] | woman. | 不能上 |
[57:37] | And I need to see a new draft on that piece… | 还有那篇关于选购整形手术医生 |
[57:39] | about shopping for a plastic surgeon… It’s dull. | 的文章要重写 太平淡了 |
[57:42] | And this layout for the winter wonderland spread. | 还有这个”冬季奇境”折页的版面 |
[57:46] | Not wonderful yet. | 一点都不新奇 |
[57:49] | Oh, okay. l-I’ll look at it. | 好的 我再考虑一下 |
[57:51] | What about Testino? Where are we on that? | 泰斯蒂诺怎么样 进度如何了 |
[57:51] | 泰斯蒂诺 摄影师 | |
[57:53] | Zac Posers doing some very sculptural suits. | 扎克的追随者设计了 一些雕塑感很强的衣服 |
[57:55] | So I suggested that, uh, Testino shoot them at the Noguchi Garden. | 所以我建议让泰斯蒂诺在 野口勇博物馆拍这组片 |
[57:55] | 野口勇 日裔美籍雕塑家 | |
[57:58] | Perfect. | 很好 |
[58:00] | Thank God somebody came to work today. | 谢天谢地 还是有人来上班的 |
[58:03] | What about accessories for April? | 四月的首饰版面呢 |
[58:06] | One thought I had was enamel. Um, bangles, pendants, earrings. | 我觉得可以考虑做一辑配饰 像手镯 吊坠 耳环之类 |
[58:09] | No. We did that two years ago. What else? | 不行 那个两年前出过一次 还有什么 |
[58:12] | Um, well, they’re showing a lot of florals right now, so I was thinking… | 这个 现在印花图案比较流行 所以我在想 |
[58:15] | Florals? For spring? Groundbreaking. | 印花 春季拍印花 真有创意 |
[58:20] | But we thought about shooting them in an industrial space. | 但我们想可以选一个工厂厂房来拍 |
[58:22] | We thought the contrast between the femininity of the florals… | 通过印花图案的柔弱 与硬朗 粗糙环境的对比 |
[58:25] | and the more raw, rough-hewn background would create this wonderful tension between… | 可以促使一种特殊的张力在 |
[58:28] | No. Which? | 不行 在 |
[58:31] | No. | 不行 |
[58:39] | Does anybody else have anything I can possibly use? | 你们能拿一点我能采用的东西出来吗 |
[58:43] | Antibacterial wipes perhaps? | 或者是消毒纸巾 |
[58:51] | How’s the cold doing? Like death warmed up actually. | 感冒怎么样了 死去活来 |
[58:55] | Oh, God. | 噢 上帝 |
[58:57] | It’s the benefit tonight. I’ve been looking forward to it for months. | 今晚是慈善晚会 我已经盼望了好几个月 |
[59:01] | I refuse to be sick. I’m wearing Valentino, for crying out loud. | 我不能生病 我要穿华伦天奴 气死我了 |
[59:05] | Right. Well, everybody will be leaving soon to get ready… | 对 过会所有人都该去做准备了 |
[59:09] | so I suggest you go and drop Miranda’s Fendi bag off at the showroom… | 我建议你去把 马琳达的芬迪包拿到陈列室 |
[59:13] | and then I suppose you can just go home. | 然后就没你什么事了 |
[59:15] | Yeah? Oh, well, that is great. Perfect actually. | 是吗 噢 太好了 简直是完美 |
[59:20] | I need to get to Magnolia Bakery before it closes. It’s Nate’s birthday tonight. | 我得赶紧去木兰面包房 今天是内特的生日 |
[59:24] | So we’re, uh, having a little party for him. | 我们要给他办个生日会 |
[59:26] | Yeah, I’m hearing this, and I wanna hear this. | 是 真是��嗦 还不闭嘴走人 |
[59:31] | Bye. | 再见 |
[59:34] | I love my job. I love my job. I love my job. | 我热爱我的工作 |
[59:46] | Hello? | 喂 |
[59:52] | Before the benefit tonight, I need to make sure… | 在今晚的慈善晚会开始前 我要求 |
[59:55] | that you’re both fully prepped on the guest list. | 你们两个把来宾名单背熟 |
[59:57] | But I thought that only the first assistant went to the benefit. | 可是我以为只有首席助理 才能去慈善晚会 |
[1:00:03] | Only when the first assistant hasn’t decided to become… | 前提是第一助理没有变成 |
[1:00:06] | an incubus of viral plague. | 一个可怕的病原体 |
[1:00:09] | You’ll come and help Emily. | 你去帮艾米莉的忙 |
[1:00:13] | That’s all. Right. | 就这样吧 好吧 |
[1:00:16] | These are all of the guests. Miranda invites everyone. | 这是所有的来宾 马琳达把每个人都请来了 |
[1:00:19] | We have to make sure that they all think she knows exactly who they are. | 我们必须确保让他们觉得 马琳达清清楚楚的记得每一个人 |
[1:00:23] | And I’ve been studying for weeks. | 我已经研究了好几个礼拜 |
[1:00:25] | I have to learn all these by tonight? | 我今晚上就要把这一大本都记下来 |
[1:00:27] | No, don’t be silly, Andrea. These too. | 不 别傻了 安吉丽雅 两大本 |
[1:00:31] | Look, you better just start without me, okay? I’ll get there as soon as I can. | 你们还是先开始吧 别等我了 我会尽早赶回去 |
[1:00:35] | Andy, come on, it’s his birth… | 安迪 别这样 这是他的生 |
[1:00:37] | Okay, but hurry. | 好吧 不过快点 |
[1:00:39] | Oh, please, believe me, I will. This is the last thing that I wanna… | 噢 拜托 相信我 我一定会 我最不想做的就是 |
[1:00:42] | Ooh, I love that. Uh, I’ll call you the second I’m leaving, okay? | 噢 我喜欢这个 我走的时候给你打电话 好吗 |
[1:00:46] | Will that fit me? Oh, yeah. | 我能穿吗 可以 |
[1:00:48] | A little Crisco and some fishing line, and we’re in business. | 弄点润滑油和鱼线 一定能把你塞进去 |
[1:01:18] | Well, nothing really. I mean, this is… | 真的没什么 我是说 这是 |
[1:01:21] | I mean, really, this is the social event of the season. | 我是说 这是这一季的一件社交大事 |
[1:01:39] | Oh, oh, my God. Andy, you look so chic. | 噢 上帝 安迪 你看起来很别致 |
[1:01:43] | Oh, thanks, Em. You look so thin. | 噢 谢谢 你看起来很瘦 |
[1:01:47] | Do I? Yeah. | 真的吗 是的 |
[1:01:49] | Oh, it’s for Paris. I’m on this new diet. | 这都是为了巴黎 我在进行一项新的节食方法 |
[1:01:52] | It’s very effective. Well, I don’t eat anything. | 非常有效 我什么都不吃 |
[1:01:54] | And then when I feel like I’m about to faint, I eat a cube of cheese. | 当我觉得快要晕倒的时候 我就吃一块奶酪 |
[1:01:57] | Well, it’s definitely working. I know. | 效果真明显 我知道 |
[1:01:59] | I’m just one stomach flu away from my goal weight. | 我的胃口才造成体重有增无减 |
[1:02:18] | That’s John Folger, the new artistic director of the Chelsea Rep. | 那是约翰・福尔杰 切尔西剧团的新任艺术总监 |
[1:02:23] | John, thanks for coming. Hey there. | 约翰 谢谢你的到来 你好 |
[1:02:25] | Oh, thank you. It’s always nice seeing you. Stop fidgeting. | 谢你才对 每次见你都非常开心 别乱晃 |
[1:02:28] | I’m sorry. I’m so late. | 对不起 我迟到太久了 |
[1:02:31] | Just deal with it. You have to be here. | 别想了 你必须在这里待着 |
[1:02:38] | Emily, come here. | 艾米莉 过来 |
[1:02:41] | Isn’t that Jacqueline Follet from French Runway? | 那是法国版《天桥》的杰奎琳・芙蕾吗 |
[1:02:44] | Oh, my God, and Miranda hates her. | 天哪 马琳达讨厌她 |
[1:02:46] | She was supposed to arrive after Miranda left. | 她应该在马琳达走了以后才出现的 |
[1:02:48] | I didn’t… Oh. Yeah. | 我不 是啊 |
[1:02:49] | Miranda, fabulous event as always. You brought Jacqueline. | 马琳达 真是一如既往的盛会啊 你把杰奎琳带来了 |
[1:02:54] | Surprise. Quelle surprise. | 惊喜吧 真是惊喜啊 |
[1:02:59] | Oh, wonderful. We’re so happy you were able to come to our little gathering. | 太好了 你能来参加我们这个 小聚会真是让人开心 |
[1:03:04] | Of course. I plan my whole year around this. | 当然要来 我今年都在为这个聚会做准备 |
[1:03:07] | Well, we’re so grateful that you do. | 你这么有心 真让我们感动 |
[1:03:14] | Ciao. Have you gotten my note? | 再见 你收到我给你的信了吗 |
[1:03:17] | Yes, I did. We’ll discuss it on Wednesday. | 收到了 我们礼拜三再讨论 |
[1:03:19] | Yes, I agree. No business tonight. Not tonight. | 好的 今晚不谈公事 不谈公事 |
[1:03:23] | Enjoy. | 玩得开心 |
[1:03:27] | Oh, thanks. Thanks. | 噢 谢谢 谢谢 |
[1:03:34] | Oh, um… Oh, my God. I just can’t remember what his name is. | 噢 上帝 我记不起来他的名字了 |
[1:03:38] | I just saw his name this morning on the list. | 我今天早上还看过他的名字 |
[1:03:40] | It’s… Oh, I know this. It’s something to do with… | 是 我记得的 他是在 |
[1:03:43] | Wait, he was… he was part of the… Oh, God, I know this. Um… | 等等 他是 他是一位 上帝 我知道的 |
[1:03:49] | It’s Ambassador Franklin, and that’s the woman that he left his wife for, Rebecca. | 他是富兰克林大使 为了身边那个女人离婚了 丽贝卡 |
[1:03:56] | Rebecca. Ambassador. Miranda. | 丽贝卡 大使先生 马琳达 |
[1:03:59] | You look fabulous. Oh, very kind. | 你真是容光焕发 噢 谢谢 |
[1:04:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:04:13] | Look at you. Hello. | 这是谁啊 你好 |
[1:04:15] | You’re… You’re a vision. | 你是 你真是个梦幻仙子 |
[1:04:17] | Oh. Thank God I saved your job. | 噢 谢天谢地我帮你保住了饭碗 |
[1:04:20] | You know, I figured out a few things on my own too. | 这个 我自己也认真的反省了一下 |
[1:04:25] | Turns out, I’m not as nice as you thought. | 结果发现 我没有你想的那么好 |
[1:04:27] | I hope not. | 我希望不是 |
[1:04:30] | Well, if it werert for the stupid boyfriend… | 如果不是因为你已经名花有主 |
[1:04:32] | I’d have to whisk you away right here and now. | 我现在就会把你劫走的 |
[1:04:36] | Do you actually say things like that to people? Evidently. | 你不会真的对别人讲这种话吧 显然 |
[1:04:40] | Well, I gotta go. | 我得走了 |
[1:04:43] | Are you sure? ‘Cause my editor for New York Magazine is inside… | 一定要走吗 《纽约》杂志社的编辑在里面 |
[1:04:46] | and, you know, I could introduce you two. | 你知道 我可以介绍你们认识 |
[1:04:48] | You sent over your stuff for me to look at? Remember? Yeah. | 你不是寄了一些文章给我吗 记得不 是的 |
[1:04:53] | All right, I gotta admit, I only read a couple. It was a very large packet you sent. | 好吧 我得承认我只看了几篇 你寄来那么一大包 |
[1:04:58] | Yeah. But what I did read wasn’t half bad. | 是 但就我看过的来说 还算不错 |
[1:05:00] | And, you know, I think… I think you have a talent, Andy. | 你知道的 我觉得 我觉得你很有天份 安迪 |
[1:05:02] | He should meet you. | 他应该见见你 |
[1:05:05] | Why don’t you come in? Just for one drink. | 你干嘛不和我进去 就喝杯东西 |
[1:05:07] | Um, okay, yeah. I guess I could for one… | 好吧 是啊 就喝杯东西还是可以 |
[1:05:12] | No, I can’t. I’m sorry, but I have to go. | 不 我不可以 对不起 我真得走了 |
[1:05:15] | All right. Give my best to the boyfriend. | 好吧 替我向男朋友问好 |
[1:05:26] | Roy, I’m sorry. Can you go any faster? | 罗伊 抱歉 你能再开快一点吗 |
[1:05:28] | I’m sure Nate will understand. | 我相信内特会理解的 |
[1:05:33] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[1:05:38] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[1:05:55] | Happy birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[1:06:01] | Nate, I’m so sorry. | 内特 真对不起 |
[1:06:04] | I kept trying to leave, but there was a lot going on. | 我一直试着想离开 但事情实在是太多了 |
[1:06:08] | And, you know, I didn’t have a choice. | 你知道的 我没得选 |
[1:06:11] | Don’t worry about it. | 别担心了 |
[1:06:13] | I’m gonna go to bed. | 我睡觉去了 |
[1:06:18] | Can we at least talk about this? | 我们能不能谈一谈 |
[1:06:28] | You look really pretty. | 你看起来很美 |
[1:07:12] | Andrea? | 安吉丽雅 |
[1:07:26] | Do you have the Book? Oh. Uh… | 你把书带来了吗 |
[1:07:35] | Paris is the most important week of my entire year. | 巴黎是我每年最重要的一周 |
[1:07:38] | I need the best possible team with me. | 我需要带一个最精英的团队去 |
[1:07:43] | That no longer includes Emily. | 那个团队已经不包括艾米莉了 |
[1:07:47] | Wait. You want me to… | 等等 你要我去 |
[1:07:50] | No, Miranda. | 不 马琳达 |
[1:07:54] | Emily would die. | 艾米莉会死的 |
[1:07:56] | Her whole life is about Paris. | 她全部的生活都是围绕着巴黎 |
[1:08:00] | She hasn’t eaten in weeks. l-I can’t… do that. | 为这她已经好几个星期都没吃东西 我不能 这样做 |
[1:08:04] | Miranda, I can’t. | 马琳达 我不能去 |
[1:08:07] | If you don’t go, I’ll assume you’re not serious about your future… | 如果你不去 我会认为 你并不重视你的将来 |
[1:08:10] | at Runway or any other publication. | 不管是在《天桥》还是其它出版社 |
[1:08:20] | The decisiors yours. | 你自己决定 |
[1:08:24] | That’s all. | 就这样 |
[1:09:25] | Hey, Andy. | 嘿 安迪 |
[1:09:29] | Hey. You coming to bed anytime soon? | 嘿 你什么时候睡啊 |
[1:09:31] | Uh, yeah. Five minutes, okay? | 再过五分钟 好吗 |
[1:10:29] | Andrea, don’t forget to tell Emily. | 安吉丽雅 别忘了告诉艾米莉 |
[1:10:34] | Do it now. | 现在就说 |
[1:10:45] | Don’t pick up. | 别接电话 |
[1:10:48] | Don’t pick up. Don’t pick up. Don’t pick… Hi. | 别接电话 别接电话 别接 嗨 |
[1:10:51] | Emily. Hi, hi. Sorry I’m late. | 艾米莉 嗨 嗨 抱歉我迟到了 |
[1:10:53] | It’s just Miranda wanted some scarves from Hermes. | 马琳达让我去爱马仕拿丝巾 |
[1:10:56] | And she did tell me yesterday, but I forgot like an idiot. | 她昨天告诉我的 可我糊里糊涂给忘了 |
[1:10:58] | And so I freaked out, of course. | 所以我现在要疯了 |
[1:11:00] | Emily, Emily, l-I need to talk to you. | 艾米莉 艾米莉 我有事要告诉你 |
[1:11:03] | I called Martine at home, and she opened the shop early. Whoa! I’m sorry. | 我打电话去马丁家 让她提前开店了 对不起 |
[1:11:06] | She opened the shop early for me, so I got them, which is great. | 她替我提前开了店门 然后我拿到了丝巾 非常顺利 |
[1:11:09] | Okay. Um, Emily, wh-when you come in… | 好的 艾米莉 等你回来了 |
[1:11:13] | there’s something I have to talk to you about. | 我有点事想告诉你 |
[1:11:15] | Well, I hope it’s not another Miranda problem. Not exactly. | 但愿别是马琳达的问题 不完全是 |
[1:11:18] | Well, good, because I’ve got so much to deal with before I go. I swear to God… | 那就好 我走之前要忙的事太多了 我发誓 |
[1:11:24] | Oh, my God! | 噢 上帝 |
[1:11:29] | Emily? | 艾米莉 |
[1:11:40] | I don’t care if she was gonna fire you or beat you with a red-hot poker! | 我不管她是威胁要炒你鱿鱼 还是拿鞭子抽你 |
[1:11:43] | You should have said no. | 你应该说不的 |
[1:11:45] | Emily, I didn’t have a choice. | 艾米莉 我没得选 |
[1:11:47] | Oh. Please. You know how she is. | 拜托 你知道她那个人 |
[1:11:50] | That is a pathetic excuse. | 这算什么破借口 |
[1:11:56] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:11:58] | Do you know what really just… | 你知道整件事里 |
[1:12:01] | gets me about this whole thing… | 什么最让我生气吗 |
[1:12:03] | is that, you know, you’re the one who said you don’t really care about this stuff. | 你一直口口声声说 你一点也不在乎这些东西 |
[1:12:08] | And you don’t really care about fashion. You just wanna be a journalist. | 你一点也不在乎时尚 你只想当个记者 |
[1:12:12] | What a pile of bollocks! | 全都是胡说八道 |
[1:12:14] | Emily, I know you’re mad. I don’t blame you. | 艾米莉 我知道你很生气 我不怪你 |
[1:12:16] | Face it, you sold your soul the day you put on that first pair of Jimmy Choo’s. | 你就承认吧 自打你穿上那双吉米周的鞋 你的灵魂就已经被卖掉了 |
[1:12:20] | I saw it. And you know what really just kills me about this whole thing… | 我看到了 还有 你知道整件事 最让我心痛的是什么吗 |
[1:12:25] | is the clothes that you’re gonna get. | 是你将得到的那些衣服 |
[1:12:27] | I mean, you don’t deserve them. | 你根本不该拥有它们 |
[1:12:30] | You eat carbs, for Christ’s sake. | 你什么都吃 看在上帝的份上 |
[1:12:33] | God, it’s so unfair! | 天哪 这太不公平了 |
[1:12:37] | Emily. Just go. | 艾米莉 给我滚 |
[1:12:46] | Emily, I… I said go! | 艾米莉 我 我说滚 |
[1:12:54] | You are going to Paris for the couture shows? Mm-hmm. | 你要去巴黎看时装表演 嗯哼 |
[1:12:57] | That’s the coolest fashion event of the year. Mm-hmm. | 那是一年里最酷的时尚盛事 嗯哼 |
[1:13:00] | I mean, who are you going to see, Galliano? Yeah. | 你都会见到些什么人 加利亚诺 是的 |
[1:13:00] | 加利亚诺 迪奥设计师 | |
[1:13:02] | And Lagerfeld and Nicholas Ghesquiere. Yep. | 还有拉格菲尔德 还有 尼古拉斯・盖斯基埃 没错 |
[1:13:05] | Yes. Okay, now you’re scaring me. | 好吧 你吓到我了 |
[1:13:08] | Hey. Hey. | 嘿 嘿 |
[1:13:11] | This show is amazing. I am so proud of you. Thank you. | 这个展览太了不起了 我真为你骄傲 谢谢你 |
[1:13:15] | Okay, start with the photos in the back and work your way forward. | 从后面的那些照片开始看 慢慢往前浏览 |
[1:13:18] | That is the way I designed it. It is brilliant. | 我就是根据这个路线布置的 绝对不同凡响 |
[1:13:20] | You will love it. Of course. | 你会喜欢的 当然 |
[1:13:22] | And you, I have somebody I want you to meet, okay? | 还有你 我想介绍个人给你认识 |
[1:13:24] | Ooh, art and sex. Lead the way. | 噢 色艺俱全 还不带路 |
[1:13:26] | See you later. Okay. | 待会见 好的 |
[1:13:47] | Hey. Hey, Miranda girl. | 嘿 嘿 马琳达的女孩 |
[1:13:53] | Hi. I was just thinking about you. | 嗨 我刚才正想到你 |
[1:13:56] | Oh, come on. | 噢 少来 |
[1:13:59] | It’s true. No. | 是真的 不 |
[1:14:01] | I’m profiling Gaultier for Interview and, uh, making my Paris plans. | 我在为采访戈尔蒂埃做准备 顺便 计划我的巴黎行程 |
[1:14:05] | I found myself wondering if, uh, you were gonna be there. | 我发觉自己想知道 你会不会去那里 |
[1:14:10] | Well, actually, um, I am going. | 事实上 我会去 |
[1:14:15] | Great. I’m staying in a fantastic little hotel in the Seventh… | 太好了 我会住在第七街 一个舒适的小旅馆里 |
[1:14:20] | right across the street from the falafel restaurant that will change your life. | 旅馆对面有家餐厅 那里的三明治能改变你的生活 |
[1:14:26] | I’m sorry. I’ll be too busy working. | 对不起 我的工作会很忙 |
[1:14:29] | You’ll have to find someone else’s life to change. | 你得去找一个替身 改变他的生活 |
[1:14:33] | Well, that’s just it. | 那好吧 |
[1:14:35] | I’m beginning to wonder if I can. | 我开始考虑我能不能找到了 |
[1:14:51] | Lily. | 莉莉 |
[1:14:54] | Lily, he’s just a guy I know from work. | 莉莉 他不过是我工作时认识的人 |
[1:14:56] | Yeah, that looked like work. Look, you’re making a big deal out of… | 是 那样子也叫工作 听着 你有点小题大做 |
[1:14:59] | You know, the Andy I know is madly in love with Nate… | 知道吗 我认识的安迪 是一个疯狂爱着内特 |
[1:15:02] | is always five minutes early… | 约会从不迟到 |
[1:15:05] | and thinks, I don’t know, Club Monaco is couture. | 只在 我不知道 微风连锁店买休闲服的女孩 |
[1:15:07] | For the last 16 years, I’ve known everything about that Andy. | 过去的十六年里 我知道关于安迪的点点滴滴 |
[1:15:11] | But this person? This “glamazon” who skulks around in corners… | 可这个人 这个跟 随便钩上的某个时髦帅哥 |
[1:15:15] | with some random hot fashion guy? | 偷偷摸摸的美女 |
[1:15:18] | I don’t get her. | 我不认识她 |
[1:15:21] | Lily. Have fun in Paris. | 莉莉 在巴黎玩得开心 |
[1:15:25] | You going to Paris? | 你要去巴黎 |
[1:15:28] | Uh, yeah. It just happened. | 是的 机缘巧合 |
[1:15:30] | I thought Paris was a big deal for Emily or… | 去巴黎这种大事不是艾米莉或者 |
[1:15:34] | Great. Now you’re gonna give me a hard time too? | 真好 现在你也要来给我难堪吗 |
[1:15:38] | Hey, Andy. Andy! | 嘿 安迪 安迪 |
[1:15:42] | Andy, what the hell is wrong with you? l-I didn’t have a choice, okay? | 安迪 你究竟是怎么回事了 我 我没得选 好吗 |
[1:15:46] | Miranda asked me, and I couldn’t say no. I know. | 马琳达要求的事 我不可以说不 我知道 |
[1:15:48] | That’s your answer for everything lately, “I didn’t have a choice.” | 最近你的口头禅就是这句”我没得选” |
[1:15:50] | Like this job was forced on you. Nate, I get it, okay? | 说得好像是别人逼你干这份工似的 内特 我明白了 好吗 |
[1:15:52] | Like you don’t make these decisions yourself. | 好像这些决定都不是你自己做的 |
[1:15:54] | You’re mad because I work late all the time and I missed your birthday party. | 你生气是因为我老是加班 我还错过了你的生日会 |
[1:15:57] | And I’m sorry. Oh, come on. What am I, four? | 我很抱歉 拜托 你当我是四岁小孩吗 |
[1:15:59] | You… You hate Runway and Miranda. | 你 你恨《天桥》和马琳达 |
[1:16:02] | And you think fashion is stupid. You’ve made that clear. | 你认为时尚是毫无意义的 你已经说得很清楚了 |
[1:16:05] | Andy, I make port wine reductions all day. | 安迪 我每天在餐馆里忙忙碌碌 |
[1:16:08] | I’m not exactly in the Peace Corps. | 我也不是什么美国和平队 |
[1:16:08] | 美国和平队 一个美国志愿服务组织 | |
[1:16:11] | You know, I wouldn’t care if you were out there pole dancing all night… | 你知道 我不会介意 哪怕你在外面跳舞跳通宵 |
[1:16:14] | as long as you did it with a little integrity. | 只要你的心依然清澈诚实 |
[1:16:16] | You used to say this was just a job. | 你以前会说这不过是份工作 |
[1:16:18] | You used to make fun of the Runway girls. | 你以前会取笑杂志社的那些女孩 |
[1:16:21] | What happened? Now you’ve become one of them. | 发生了些什么 你现在已经变得和她们一样 |
[1:16:24] | That’s absurd. That’s okay. That’s fine. Just own up to it. | 你胡说些什么 没关系 我不介意 你就承认吧 |
[1:16:28] | And then we can stop pretending like we have anything in common anymore. | 我们也就不用再装得好像 我们还有什么共同点 |
[1:16:32] | You don’t mean that, do you? No, I do. | 你不是说真的 对吧 不 是真的 |
[1:16:45] | maybe this trip is coming at a good time. | 也许这次出差来得正是时候 |
[1:16:47] | Maybe we should take a break. | 也许我们俩该分开一段时间 |
[1:16:56] | Nate? | 内特 |
[1:17:08] | I’m sorry. Just… one second? | 对不起 就 等一下下 |
[1:17:14] | You know, in case you were wondering… | 你知道吗 也许你会觉得奇怪 |
[1:17:16] | the person whose calls you always take, that’s the relationship you’re in. | 但能让你随时接电话的人 才是你真正在乎的人 |
[1:17:20] | I hope you two are very happy together. | 祝你们俩在一起开心 |
[1:17:31] | Hello, Miranda. | 你好 马琳达 |
[1:18:47] | Pardon. Miranda. | 抱歉 马琳达 |
[1:18:49] | Maestro. Mmm. | 麦斯特 |
[1:18:52] | How are you? So glad to see you. Thank you for coming. | 你好吗 见到你真高兴 谢谢你能过来 |
[1:18:55] | You like the collection? Absolutely. I think it’s the best in years. | 你喜欢这场表演吗 太喜欢了 我觉得这是近几年来最好的 |
[1:18:59] | This is very important for me. Very, very important. I’m very happy for you. | 这对我非常重要 非常 非常重要 我也替你高兴 |
[1:19:01] | This is my new Emily. Hello. How do you do? | 这是我的新助理 嗨 你好吗 |
[1:19:04] | I’m good. Pleasure. Nice to meet you. | 很好 很开心 很高兴见到你 |
[1:19:06] | You love the show? | 喜欢这场表演吗 |
[1:19:13] | Miranda. This way! | 马琳达 看这里 |
[1:19:22] | Miranda. Nigel. Fashiors great gatekeepers. | 马琳达 奈杰尔 时尚潮流的掌门人 |
[1:19:25] | Miranda, what is Runway’s position on French fashion versus American fashion? | 马琳达 当法国时尚遭遇美国时尚 《天桥》是什么态度 |
[1:19:30] | I’ve been thinking… Oh. | 我一直在想 |
[1:19:32] | You still owe me for Harry Potter. Oh, do I? | 你还欠我一份《哈里波特》的情 噢 是吗 |
[1:19:36] | Of course you do. Are you working tonight? Oh! | 当然是的 晚上还要干活吗 |
[1:19:38] | No, actually Miranda has a dinner. Great, you’re free. | 不用 马琳达晚上有饭局 好极了 你是自由身 |
[1:19:43] | Oh, but there is the problem of le boyfriend. | 但还有个男朋友的问题 |
[1:19:46] | Wait, don’t tell me. The boyfriend non plus? | 等等 该不会是 男朋友已经是过去式了 |
[1:19:50] | Je suis tres, tres desole. | 我非常 非常的遗憾 |
[1:19:53] | Oh, you’re so full of it. You’re not desole at all. | 噢 别装了 你压根儿就不遗憾 |
[1:19:55] | No, not even a little. What time should I pick you up? | 是 一点也不 我什么时候去接你 |
[1:19:59] | Uh… I’ll call you. | 我会给你打电话 |
[1:20:25] | Oh, there you are. | 你回来了 |
[1:20:28] | We need to go over the seating, uh, chart for the luncheon. | 我们得把明天午宴的座位安排再过一遍 |
[1:20:34] | Okay. Um, yeah, sure. | 好的 没问题 |
[1:20:38] | I have it right here. | 座位表在我这里 |
[1:20:44] | By all means, move at a glacial pace. You know how that thrills me. | 你应该知道你这种慢慢吞吞的样子 总让我抓狂 |
[1:20:55] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:20:58] | So… | 那么 |
[1:21:01] | first of all, we need to move Snoop Dogg to my table. | 首先得把斯努普・道格安排到我这桌 |
[1:21:01] | 斯努普・道格 著名饶舌歌手 | |
[1:21:06] | But your table’s full. | 但你那桌已经满了 |
[1:21:10] | Stephen isn’t coming. | 史蒂芬不来了 |
[1:21:12] | Oh, Stephen is… | 史蒂芬他 |
[1:21:15] | So I don’t need to fetch Stephen from the airport tomorrow? | 那明天我不用动身去机场接他了 |
[1:21:19] | Well, if you speak to him and he decides to rethink the divorce… | 你可以问他 如果他决定重新考虑离婚的问题 |
[1:21:23] | then, yes, fetch away. | 那你还是动身去接一下 |
[1:21:26] | You’re very fetching, so go fetch. | 你这么美丽动人 多动动也好 |
[1:21:35] | And then when we get back to New York, we need to contact, um… | 等我们回纽约了 联系一下 |
[1:21:41] | Leslie to see what she can do to minimize the press… | 蕾丝丽 看她能不能 想办法把这件事的影响 |
[1:21:46] | on all this. | 减到最小 |
[1:21:51] | Another divorce… | 再离婚一次 |
[1:21:54] | splashed across page six. | 又会是八卦头条 |
[1:21:57] | I can just imagine what they’re gonna write about me. | 我闭着眼都能猜到他们会怎么写我 |
[1:22:00] | The Dragon Lady, career-obsessed. | 女权至上的霸道女人 |
[1:22:05] | Snow Queen drives away another Mr. Priestly. | 工作第一的冰山皇后 把另一个皮斯利先生扫地出门 |
[1:22:09] | Rupert Murdoch should cut me a check… | 默克多得好好谢我 |
[1:22:09] | 默克多 报业大亨 | |
[1:22:12] | for all the papers I sell for him. | 帮他卖了那么多报纸 |
[1:22:16] | Anyway, I don’t… | 不过 我不管 |
[1:22:19] | I don’t really care what anybody writes about me. | 我真的不在乎别人怎么写我 |
[1:22:24] | But my… my girls, I just… | 但我的 我的女儿 我 |
[1:22:27] | It’s just so unfair to the girls. | 这对她们太不公平了 |
[1:22:31] | It’s just… | 她们 |
[1:22:35] | another disappointment… | 又一次失望 |
[1:22:37] | another letdown, another father… figure… | 又一次沮丧 又一个父亲 不出所料地 |
[1:22:41] | Gone. | 离开 |
[1:22:45] | Anyway, the point is… | 总之 重要的是 |
[1:22:49] | The point is… | 重要的是 |
[1:22:53] | The point is we really need to figure out where to place Donatella… | 重要的是我们把唐娜泰拉安排在哪里 |
[1:22:57] | because she’s barely speaking to anyone. | 因为她不怎么和人说话 |
[1:23:10] | I’m so sorry, Miranda. | 我很抱歉 马琳达 |
[1:23:13] | If you want me to cancel your evening, I can. | 如果你想把晚上的活动取消 我去通知 |
[1:23:15] | Don’t be ridiculous. Why would we do that? | 别说傻话了 为什么要取消 |
[1:23:20] | Um is… | 嗯 有 |
[1:23:22] | Is there anything else I can do? | 还有什么我能做的吗 |
[1:23:26] | Your job. | 你的工作 |
[1:23:31] | That’s all. | 就这样 |
[1:23:59] | Hi. I need Miranda’s itinerary for tomorrow. | 嗨 我要看一下马琳达明天的行程 |
[1:24:01] | Okay. Come on in. All right? Thanks. | 好 进来吧 可以吗 谢谢 |
[1:24:08] | Who put that together for you? This? | 谁给配的那身衣服 这身 |
[1:24:11] | Oh, it’s just… it’s just something I threw on. | 噢 这 我随便乱套的 |
[1:24:14] | Turn around. Let me see. Turn. | 转过来 我看看 转 |
[1:24:17] | Mm. Incroyable. Yeah? | 嗯 难以置信 是吗 |
[1:24:21] | It’s really just… No, it’s… No, gorgeous. Yeah? Okay, good. | 这身 实在是 美极了 是吗 好吧 |
[1:24:24] | Really. I think that my work here is done. | 真的 我觉得已经不用我帮你了 |
[1:24:27] | Oh. | 噢 |
[1:24:29] | We’re going to celebrate. I’m going to get some champagne. | 我们得庆祝一下 我去拿香槟 |
[1:24:32] | Okay. What are we toasting? | 好吧 我们庆祝什么 |
[1:24:34] | We are toasting, my dear, to the dream job. | 为得到梦想的工作干杯 |
[1:24:39] | The one that a million girls wanted. | 成千上万的女孩所梦想的工作 |
[1:24:43] | Which I got months ago. | 那份工作我几个月前就已经到手了 |
[1:24:46] | I’m not talking about you. | 我不是说你 |
[1:24:51] | James Holt… Yeah. | 詹姆斯・浩特 |
[1:24:54] | Massimo Corteleoni… | 马西莫・科特利让内 |
[1:24:57] | is investing in James’s company and taking it global. | 要投资詹姆斯的公司并在全球推广 |
[1:25:00] | Mm-hmm. Bags, shoes, fragrances… the works. | 他的箱包 鞋子 香水等作品 |
[1:25:05] | And James needs a partner. | 詹姆斯需要一个合伙人 |
[1:25:08] | And that partner would be me. | 而那个合伙人将是我 |
[1:25:16] | Does Miranda… No, no, Miranda knows, because… | 马琳达她 马琳达知道 因为 |
[1:25:19] | Oh. Oh, she put me up for it. God, no. Can you imagine? | 是她推荐我的 上帝 你能想像到吗 |
[1:25:21] | But… But… But you’re leaving. | 可 可这一来你就得走了 |
[1:25:24] | Mm-hmm. I can’t imagine Runway without you. | 我不敢想像没有你的《天桥》 |
[1:25:27] | I know, I know, but I’m so excited though. | 但我实在是太激动了 |
[1:25:30] | This is the first time in 18 years I’m going to be able to call the shots in my own life. | 十八年来我终于可以 第一次决定自己的生活了 |
[1:25:34] | Oh, my God! | 噢 上帝 |
[1:25:37] | I’m going to be able to come to Paris and actually see Paris. | 我将可以来巴黎 真真正正的认识巴黎 |
[1:25:44] | Well, congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[1:25:47] | Huh? Oh. Nigel, you deserve it. | 奈杰尔 这是你应得的 |
[1:25:52] | You bet your size-six ass. | 赌你六号的屁股我也值得 |
[1:25:55] | Four. Really? | 四号 真的吗 |
[1:25:59] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[1:26:01] | Cheers to you. To us. | 敬你 敬我们 |
[1:26:04] | Let me see that. | 让我看看 |
[1:26:10] | Okay, I just wanna say that yes, there are things Miranda does that I don’t agree with, but… | 好吧 我想说的是 确实 马琳达的某些所作所为我并不赞同 但 |
[1:26:15] | Come on. You hate her. Just admit it to me. No. | 算了吧 你恨她 你就招了吧 不 |
[1:26:18] | She’s a… She’s a notorious sadist… | 她是一个 她是个声名狼籍的虐待狂 |
[1:26:21] | and not… not in a good way. | 这不是 不是什么好名声 |
[1:26:23] | Okay, she’s tough, but if Miranda were a man… | 好吧 她很严厉 但如果马琳达是个男人 |
[1:26:26] | no one would notice anything about her, except how great she is at her job. | 人们就会专注于她出色的工作 也就不会有这么多的是非 |
[1:26:30] | I’m sorry. I can’t… | 对不起 我不 |
[1:26:33] | I can’t believe this. You’re defending her? Yeah. | 我有点不敢相信 你会帮她说话 是的 |
[1:26:36] | The wide-eyed girl peddling her earnest newspaper stories? | 这还是那个瞪着无辜的大眼睛 狂热追求记者梦的女孩吗 |
[1:26:39] | You, my friend, are crossing over to the dark side. | 我的朋友 你在堕落 |
[1:26:44] | I resent that. | 我讨厌那样子 |
[1:26:46] | You shouldn’t. It’s sexy. Sexy? | 你不该讨厌 那样子很性感 性感 |
[1:26:52] | Really? Really. | 真的 真的 |
[1:27:00] | So do you… do you know where we’re going? | 那你 你知道我们要去哪里吗 |
[1:27:02] | ‘Cause I’m lost. Yeah. | 因为我迷路了 知道 |
[1:27:04] | Yeah, don’t worry. I know this city like the back of my hand. | 别担心 我对这个城市了如指掌 |
[1:27:07] | It’s my favorite place in the whole world. | 这是整个世界上我最喜爱的地方 |
[1:27:10] | You know, Gertrude Stein once said… | 格特鲁德・斯泰因曾经说过 |
[1:27:10] | 格特鲁德・斯泰因 美国女作家 | |
[1:27:12] | “America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.” | “美国是我的祖国 巴黎是我的故乡” |
[1:27:17] | It’s true. | 是真的 |
[1:27:19] | What do you do? | 你都做些什么 |
[1:27:21] | Do you just write stuff like that down… | 你是不是平时尽写些那样的东西 |
[1:27:23] | and then file it away to use on us girls? | 然后分类归档 以备泡妞时使用 |
[1:27:27] | I’m Christian Thompson. That’s my way. That’s your way. Right. | 我是克里斯丁・汤普森 这是我的风格 那是你的风格 没错 |
[1:27:30] | I work freelance. I have a lot of free time on my hands. | 我是个自由作家 手头有大把的空闲时间 |
[1:27:35] | You know, I never understood… | 我一直不明白 |
[1:27:38] | why everyone was so crazy about Paris… | 为什么每个人都为巴黎如痴如狂 |
[1:27:41] | but… it is so beautiful. | 但 巴黎真的很美 |
[1:27:48] | Mm. l-I can’t. I’m sorry. | 我不能 对不起 |
[1:27:52] | I can’t. You know, Nate and I just split up a couple days ago, and I can’t. | 我不能 你知道的 内特和我 几天前才分开 我不能 |
[1:28:01] | Ooh. I’ve had too much wine. | 我喝太多酒了 |
[1:28:03] | And my hearing… vision… judgment’s impaired. | 我的听觉 视觉 判断力都削弱了 |
[1:28:10] | No, I barely know you. I’m in a strange city. | 我几乎不了解你 还在一个陌生的城市 |
[1:28:15] | I… am out of excuses. | 我 想不出来借口了 |
[1:28:19] | Thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[1:29:10] | Yes. | 搞定 |
[1:29:15] | Oh, shoot. | 噢 惨了 |
[1:29:25] | Bonjour, madame. | 早安 美女 |
[1:29:28] | Uh, what the hell is this? | 这是什么东西 |
[1:29:30] | What does it look like? It’s a mock-up. | 一看不就知道了 这是个样板 |
[1:29:33] | Yeah. Of? | 是 什么的 |
[1:29:36] | Of what American Runway will look like when Jacqueline Follet is the new editor in chief. | 杰奎琳・芙蕾任主编后 美国版《天桥》的样板 |
[1:29:41] | Wh… They’re replacing Miranda? | 他们要把马琳达换了 |
[1:29:44] | Yeah. And she’s bringing me in to run all the editorial content. | 是的 她还会让我负责 全部文字内容编辑 |
[1:29:50] | You’re really surprised? | 你大吃一惊吧 |
[1:29:53] | Jacqueline’s a lot younger than Miranda. She has a fresher take on things. | 杰奎琳比马琳达年轻很多 看待事物会有一个更新的视角 |
[1:29:56] | Not to mention American Runway’s one of the most expensive books in the business. | 更不用提美国版《天桥》是 运营费最高的一本刊物 |
[1:30:02] | Jacqueline does the same thing for a lot less money. | 杰奎琳主管的话会省很多钱 |
[1:30:06] | And Irv… Irv’s a businessman, you know. | 而俄弗 俄弗是个生意人 |
[1:30:10] | Miranda will be devastated. Her whole life is about Runway. He can’t do that to her. | 这会彻底毁了马琳达的 她把全部精力 都给了《天桥》 他不能那样对她 |
[1:30:14] | It’s done. Irv’s gonna tell Miranda after the party forJames. | 已经做了 俄弗聚会之后 就会告诉马琳达 |
[1:30:18] | And she has no idea? | 她完全不知情 |
[1:30:20] | She’s a big girl. She’ll be fine. | 她这么大个人了 会没事的 |
[1:30:24] | Shi… I have to go. | 混 我得走了 |
[1:30:27] | Andy. | 安迪 |
[1:30:29] | Andy, it’s done. | 安迪 已经决定了 |
[1:30:31] | Baby, it’s done. | 宝贝 已经决定了 |
[1:30:35] | I’m not your baby. | 我不是你的宝贝 |
[1:30:45] | Allo. | 喂 |
[1:30:48] | Oh! Oh! Thank God you’re there. | 噢 噢 谢天谢地你还在 |
[1:30:50] | Excuse me? I need to talk to you right away. | 有事吗 有件事要马上告诉你 |
[1:30:53] | It’s aboutJacqueline Follet. | 是关于杰奎琳・芙蕾 |
[1:30:56] | Shit! Oh, shit! Shit, shit, shit! | 混蛋 混蛋 |
[1:31:16] | Yes. Mr. Ravitz, I’m so sorry to bother you. I was wondering… | 来了 你好 拉维兹先生 很抱歉打扰你 我想 |
[1:31:21] | Have you completely lost your mind? | 你是不是彻底失去理智了 |
[1:31:23] | I need to talk to you. Do not disturb me again. | 我有事告诉你 不要再打扰我 |
[1:31:28] | But, um, it’s just for one… Miranda! | 但是 只要一 马琳达 |
[1:31:49] | Miranda. Miranda. Wait, I need to talk to you. | 马琳达 马琳达 等等 我有事告诉你 |
[1:31:53] | Irv is making Jacqueline Follet the editor in chief of Runway. | 俄弗打算让杰奎琳・芙蕾 当《天桥》的主编 |
[1:31:55] | Christian Thompson told me he’s gonna work for her. | 克里斯丁・汤普森告诉我的 他准备替她干活 |
[1:31:57] | Irv is going to tell you today. I thought maybe if I told you, that you could fix it. | 俄弗今天就会告诉你 我想如果我早点通知你 事情还可以挽回 |
[1:32:01] | Do I smell freesias? | 我怎么闻到苍兰的味道了 |
[1:32:03] | What? No. l-I specifically told them… | 什么 不 我特意要求他们 |
[1:32:07] | If I see freesias anywhere… | 如果我看到一丁点苍兰的影子 |
[1:32:12] | I will be very disappointed. | 我会非常失望的 |
[1:32:15] | For 72 years, Runway has been more than a magazine. | 七十二年来 《天桥》不只是一本杂志 |
[1:32:20] | It has been a beacon of elegance and grace. | 更是指引优雅与格调的明灯 |
[1:32:23] | Miranda Priestly is the finest possible guardian of that beacon… | 马琳达・皮斯里无疑是 这盏时尚明灯的最佳守护者 |
[1:32:29] | setting a standard that inspires people across the globe. | 她所创立的时尚标准 激励着全球的时尚人士 |
[1:32:34] | Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Miranda Priestly. | 女士们 先生们 容我请出马琳达・皮斯里 |
[1:32:56] | Thank you, my dear friend. | 谢谢你 我亲爱的朋友 |
[1:33:00] | Bonjour. | 大家好 |
[1:33:03] | Thank you very much for coming today… | 非常感谢各位今天的出席 |
[1:33:06] | to help celebrate our dear friend, James Holt. | 共同为我们的朋友詹姆斯・浩特庆祝 |
[1:33:18] | But before I talk to you aboutJames… | 但在我为大家介绍詹姆斯 |
[1:33:22] | and his many accomplishments… | 和他取得的成就之前 |
[1:33:26] | I would like first to share some news with you. | 我想首先与大家分享一个消息 |
[1:33:31] | Um, as many of you know… | 正如大部分人所知 |
[1:33:35] | uh, recently Massimo Corteleoni… | 最近马西莫・科特利让内 |
[1:33:37] | has agreed to finance the expansion of theJames Holt label… | 决定为詹姆斯・浩特这个品牌注资 |
[1:33:42] | transforming the work of this visionary artist… | 将这位富于创造灵感的艺术家的作品 |
[1:33:46] | into a global brand, which is really an exciting enterprise. | 转变成一个全球品牌 一个振奋人心的产业 |
[1:33:50] | Runway and James Holt share many things in common… | 《天桥》与詹姆斯・浩特 有着许多的共同之处 |
[1:33:54] | chief among them, a commitment to excellence. | 最重要的是 都拥有对达到完美卓越的渴望 |
[1:33:59] | And so, it should come as no surprise that when the time came… | 所以 一旦时机成熟 我们也会不出意料的发现 |
[1:34:04] | forJames to choose the new president ofJames Holt International… | 詹姆斯在为詹姆斯・浩特国际公司 挑选主管时 |
[1:34:08] | he chose from within the Runway family. | 他选择的是《天桥》中的一员 |
[1:34:11] | And it’s my great happiness today… | 今天我最大的荣幸是 |
[1:34:15] | to announce to you all that that person… | 向诸位宣布 这位新主管是 |
[1:34:19] | is my friend and longtime esteemed colleague… | 我的朋友 备受尊敬的同事 |
[1:34:25] | Jacqueline Follet. | 杰奎琳・芙蕾 |
[1:34:39] | Thank you. Merci. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[1:34:58] | And now to the main event… | 言归正传 |
[1:35:01] | our celebration ofJames Holt. | 詹姆斯・浩特的庆典 |
[1:35:04] | We at Runway are very proud to have been… | 我们《天桥》都深感骄傲 |
[1:35:09] | When the time is right, she’ll pay me back. | 等时机一到 她会为此付出代价的 |
[1:35:14] | You sure about that? | 你确定吗 |
[1:35:17] | No. | 不 |
[1:35:19] | But I hope for the best. | 但我会抱希望的 |
[1:35:22] | I have to. | 我必须这样 |
[1:35:44] | You thought I didn’t know. | 你以为我不知道 |
[1:35:48] | I’ve known what was happening for quite some time. | 我早先就知道他们在搞什么 |
[1:35:52] | Itjust took me a little while to find a suitable alternative forJacqueline. | 不过是花了我一点时间 帮杰奎琳安排个其它合适的位子 |
[1:35:57] | And that James Holtjob was so absurdly overpaid… | 而那个詹姆斯・浩特主管位子 绝对是超过了她的期望 |
[1:36:03] | that, of course, she jumped at it. | 理所当然 她高兴得不行 |
[1:36:06] | So I just had to tell Irv that Jacqueline was unavailable. | 这样我就告诉俄弗杰奎琳另有打算 |
[1:36:10] | The truth is, there is no one that can do what I do… | 事实是 没有人能干得像我一样 |
[1:36:15] | including her. | 包括她 |
[1:36:17] | Any of the other choices would have found that job impossible… | 任何其他人选都无法胜任这项工作 |
[1:36:21] | and the magazine would have suffered. | 杂志社自身也会受影响 |
[1:36:23] | Especially because of the list. | 特别是当我拿出一张名单 |
[1:36:28] | The list of designers, photographers… | 拿出来一张设计师 摄影师 |
[1:36:32] | editors, writers, models, all of whom were found by me, nurtured by me… | 编辑 作家 模特等等 所有经我发掘 培养 |
[1:36:36] | and have promised me they will follow me… | 并答应即使我离开《天桥》 |
[1:36:39] | whenever and if ever I choose to leave Runway. | 也会和我共同进退的人的名单 |
[1:36:44] | So he reconsidered. | 于是他重新考虑了 |
[1:36:50] | But I was very, very impressed… | 但是 当你想方设法的试图警告我时 |
[1:36:53] | by how intently you tried to warn me. | 我还是非常 非常的感动 |
[1:36:56] | I never thought I would say this, Andrea… | 我从没想过我会对你说这些 安吉丽雅 |
[1:37:00] | but I really… | 我真的 |
[1:37:03] | I see a great deal of myself in you. | 在你身上看到很多与我相似的地方 |
[1:37:09] | You can see beyond what people want and what they need… | 你能看透别人的想法和需要 |
[1:37:13] | and you can choose for yourself. | 你会为自己做出选择 |
[1:37:19] | I don’t think I’m like that. | 我不觉得我像你 |
[1:37:23] | I… | 我 |
[1:37:28] | I couldn’t do what you did to Nigel, Miranda. | 我不能像你那样对奈杰尔 马琳达 |
[1:37:30] | I couldn’t do something like that. | 我不能做出那样的事 |
[1:37:33] | Mm. You already did. | 你已经做了 |
[1:37:40] | To Emily. | 对艾米莉 |
[1:37:42] | That’s not what I… | 那不是我想 |
[1:37:46] | No, that was… that was different. I didn’t have a choice. | 不 那是 那是不一样的 我没得选 |
[1:37:49] | Oh, no, you chose. You chose to get ahead. | 噢 不 你选了 你选择了超越她 |
[1:37:53] | You want this life, those choices are necessary. | 你想过这样的生活 这些选择是必须的 |
[1:37:57] | But what if this isn’t what I want? | 但如果这不是我想要的呢 |
[1:38:02] | I mean, what if I don’t wanna live the way you live? | 我是说 如果我不想要过 你这样的生活呢 |
[1:38:06] | Don’t be ridiculous, Andrea. Everybody wants this. | 别傻了 安吉丽雅 每一个人都想过这种生活 |
[1:38:11] | Everybody wants to be us. | 每一个人都想和我们一样 |
[1:39:41] | I have to be at work in 20 minutes. | 我只有二十分钟的时间 |
[1:39:45] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[1:39:48] | Well, I just… | 这个 我只是 |
[1:39:51] | I wanted to say that you were right about everything. | 我想告诉你 你以前说的那些话都是对的 |
[1:39:55] | That… | 那些 |
[1:39:57] | I turned my back on my friends and my family… | 我抛弃了我的朋友 我的家庭 |
[1:40:00] | and everything I believed in… | 我所重视的一切 |
[1:40:02] | and… and for what? | 然后 为了什么 |
[1:40:05] | For shoes and shirts and jackets and belts. | 为了鞋子 衬衫 外套 腰带 |
[1:40:10] | Nate. | 内特 |
[1:40:16] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[1:40:26] | I… | 我 |
[1:40:28] | I flew up to Boston while you were gone. | 你离开的这段时间我去了趟波士顿 |
[1:40:30] | I interviewed at the Oak Room. | 去橡树餐厅面试了 |
[1:40:33] | And? | 然后呢 |
[1:40:37] | And you’re looking at their new sous-chef. | 然后你现在见到的 是他们的新任大厨 |
[1:40:40] | I’m moving up there in a couple weeks. That’s great. Congratulations. | 我过段时间就要搬去那边了 太棒了 恭喜你 |
[1:40:49] | I don’t know what I’m gonna do without those late-night grilled cheeses, but… | 我不知道没有那些 深夜香烤干酪该怎么过 不过 |
[1:40:53] | I’m pretty sure they have bread in Boston. | 我相信波士顿一定有面包卖的 |
[1:40:57] | May even haveJarlsberg. | 也许还有某人最爱的奶酪 |
[1:41:02] | We might be able to figure something out. | 我们应该可以解决一些问题 |
[1:41:07] | You think? | 是吗 |
[1:41:09] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:41:17] | So, what about you? I mean, what are you gonna do now? | 那你怎么样 你现在打算做什么 |
[1:41:21] | Actually, I, uh… I have a job interview today. | 事实上 我 我今天有个面试 |
[1:41:25] | Oh, yeah? Mm-hmm. | 噢 是吗 |
[1:41:27] | That’s what you’re wearing? | 你就穿这些去 |
[1:41:29] | Shut up. I like this. | 闭嘴 我喜欢这么穿 |
[1:41:36] | Andy, Greg Hill. Hello. | 安迪 格雷格・希尔 你好 |
[1:41:38] | Come on. These clips are excellent. | 跟我来 这些东西写得很好 |
[1:41:41] | This thing on the janitors’ union, that’s exactly what we do here. | 这篇关于学校工友会的报道 正是我们这里的风格 |
[1:41:44] | My only question is, Runway? | 我唯一的问题是 《天桥》 |
[1:41:47] | You were there for less than a year. | 你在那里干了不到一年 |
[1:41:50] | What the hell kind of a blip is that? | 为什么待那么短的时间就走呢 |
[1:41:53] | Learned a lot. | 我学到了很多 |
[1:41:57] | In the end though, I kind of screwed it up. | 但后来 我搞砸了一些事情 |
[1:42:02] | I called over there for a reference, left word with some snooty girl. | 我打电话过去 问关于你的推荐 给一个傲慢的女孩留了话 |
[1:42:06] | Next thing you know, I got a fax from Miranda Priestly herself… | 后来 我接到马琳达・皮斯里 本人发来的传真 |
[1:42:09] | saying that of all the assistants she’s ever had… | 她说在她所有的助理里 |
[1:42:12] | you were, by far, her biggest disappointment. | 你是 到目前为止最让她失望的 |
[1:42:14] | And, if I don’t hire you, I am an idiot. | 而且 如果我不请你 我就是个傻瓜 |
[1:42:22] | You must have done something right. | 你一定做了些正确的事 |
[1:42:57] | Miranda Priestly’s office. | 马琳达・皮斯里办公室 |
[1:42:59] | Hey, Emily, it’s Andy. Don’t hang up. I have a favor to ask you. | 嘿 艾米莉 我是安迪 别挂 我想请你帮个小忙 |
[1:43:04] | You have a favor to ask of me? | 你想请我帮个小忙 |
[1:43:06] | Yeah. The thing is, I have all these clothes from Paris… | 是啊 是这样的 我这里有一些巴黎来的衣服 |
[1:43:10] | and I don’t have anyplace to wear them… | 我现在根本没机会穿 |
[1:43:12] | so I was wondering if you could take them off my hands. | 所以我在想你可不可以 帮我处理这些衣服 |
[1:43:21] | Well, I don’t know. It’s a huge imposition. | 这个 我不知道 这真有点强人所难 |
[1:43:25] | And I’ll have to get them taken in. I mean, they’ll drown me. | 我还得把衣服拿去改小 你那些大号衣服能淹死我 |
[1:43:29] | But I suppose I could help you out. I will have Roy pick them up this afternoon. | 不过我也许可以帮帮你 我会让罗伊下午过去拿 |
[1:43:34] | Thanks, Em. I appreciate it. Good luck. | 谢谢 感激不尽 祝你好运 |
[1:43:48] | You have some very large shoes to fill. | 你有得学了 |
[1:43:51] | I hope you know that. | 希望你能听明白 |
[1:44:00] | I don’t understand why it is so challenging… | 我真是不明白 不过是叫人把车开过来 |
[1:44:04] | to get my car when I ask for it. | 有那么难吗 |
[1:44:53] | Go. | 走 |