英文名称:The Descendants
年代:2011
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:25] | My friends on the mainland… | 大陆的朋友们都觉得 |
[01:26] | …think just because I live in Hawai’i… | 我生活在夏威夷 |
[01:28] | …I live in paradise. | 就是生活在天堂 |
[01:30] | Like a permanent vacation. | 如同一个漫漫长假 |
[01:32] | We’re all just out here siping Mai Tais… | 品鸡尾酒 |
[01:35] | …shaking our hips, catching waves. | 肆意摇摆 追逐浪间 |
[01:38] | Are they insane? | 他们有病吧 |
[01:40] | Do they think we are immune to life? | 以为我们就不会被生活琐事困扰 |
[01:43] | How can they possibly think | 他们居然以为 |
[01:44] | our families are less screwed up… | 我们很少出现家庭问题 |
[01:46] | Our cancers less fatal… | 就算得癌症也不会轻易致命 |
[01:48] | Our heartache less painful. | 即便悲伤亦不会痛彻心扉 |
[01:52] | Hell, I haven’t been on a surfboard in 15 years. | 活见鬼 我已经十五年没有冲浪了 |
[01:59] | For the last 23 days… | 过去的二十三天 |
[02:00] | …I’ve been living in a paradise of IVs… | 我一直待在满是静脉注射器 |
[02:03] | …and urine bags and endotracheal tubes. | 尿袋和气管导管的人间天堂 |
[02:06] | Paradise. | 天堂 |
[02:09] | Paradise can go fuck itself. | 去他妈的天堂 |
[02:19] | This is Elizabeth Thorson King. | 这是伊丽莎白·托尔森·金 |
[02:21] | My wife. | 我的妻子 |
[02:23] | 23 days ago she was launched | 二十三天前她在比赛时 |
[02:25] | from a powerboat during a race and hit her head. | 掉下汽艇 撞到了头 |
[02:28] | Almost drowned. | 差点淹死 |
[02:30] | When I heard about the accident and about the coma… | 得知这场意外和她昏迷不醒的消息时 |
[02:34] | …I wasn’t even in town. | 我并不在镇上 |
[02:36] | I was on Maui on business. We hadn’t spoken in 3 days. | 我在毛伊岛出差 我们三天没交谈过了 |
[02:42] | In a way, we hadn’t really spoken in months. | 其实 我们已经几个月没好好说过话了 |
[02:49] | If you’re doing this to get my attention, | 如果你这样做是为了引起我注意 |
[02:51] | Liz, It’s working. | 丽兹 那你做到了 |
[02:52] | I’m ready now… | 我已经准备好了 |
[02:54] | I am ready to talk, I am ready to change… | 准备好交谈 准备好改变 |
[02:58] | I’m ready to be your real husband and a real father. | 准备好做一个好丈夫 好父亲 |
[03:02] | Just wake up… Please, Liz, just wake up. | 求你醒过来 丽兹 醒过来 |
[03:11] | Hi, Noe, what’s up? | 诺尔 怎么了 |
[03:13] | Matt, Scottie’s teacher’s on the phone. | 马特 斯考蒂的老师找你 |
[03:15] | She says it’s urgent. | 她说有急事 |
[03:16] | Okay, Put her on. | 好 转接过来 |
[03:21] | We don’t think these photographs are appropriate… | 我们觉得斯考蒂的这些照片不适合 |
[03:23] | …for Scottie to be sharing with her classmates. | 与全班同学分享 |
[03:26] | Some of them went home quite disturbed… | 有些同学回家后心神不宁 |
[03:28] | …and we’ve got some angry calls from parents. | 我们已经接到好几个家长打来的投诉电话 |
[03:30] | Yeah, she’s kind of been going to town… | 她好像是进城去拍这些照片的 |
[03:32] | …on this whole picture-taking thing, I had no idea- | 我一点儿都不知道 |
[03:35] | Mr. King. | 金先生 |
[03:36] | We see this every day. | 这种事我们见多了 |
[03:38] | Children acting out at school when something’s wrong at home. | 家里出了事 孩子们在学校就会表现异常 |
[03:42] | And your family is facing a devastating crisis. | 而你们家正好又遇到如此不幸 |
[03:46] | Have you been engaging | 你有没有和斯考蒂 |
[03:47] | Scottie in really talking about what’s going on? | 好好谈过这件事 |
[03:50] | Yes. Yes. Absolutely. | 谈过 当然谈过 |
[03:51] | Encouraging her to express her feelings? | 有鼓励她说出自己的感受吗 |
[03:54] | – That’s crucial. – I understand. | -这至关重要 -我明白 |
[03:56] | What’s the matter with you? | 你怎么回事 |
[03:57] | Showing those pictures of Mom for your art project? | 把妈妈的病床照当成美术作业给同学看 |
[04:00] | I’m a photographer, Dad, a real photographer. | 我是摄影师 爸爸 真正的摄影师 |
[04:02] | No, you’re not. You’re overdoing it is what you’re doing. | 行了吧你 你做过头了 |
[04:04] | I saw it in a book. | 我在书里看到的 |
[04:06] | Some famous photographer | 有个著名的女摄影师 |
[04:07] | lady took pictures of her mom in the hospital… | 拍下了她母亲临死前在医院的照片 |
[04:10] | …While she was dying, and they’re considered art. | 就被称为艺术 |
[04:12] | That’s what I’m doing. | 我也一样 |
[04:14] | First of all, your mother’s very sick, | 首先 你妈妈只是病得很重 |
[04:16] | but she’s not dying. | 不是快死了 |
[04:16] | And second of all, we don’t share personal stuff with strangers. | 其次 不要和陌生人分享私事 |
[04:20] | What’s going on with Mom is private. | 妈妈的事是隐私 |
[04:23] | – I’m hungry. Can we get burgers? – No. | -我饿了 能去吃汉堡吗 -不行 |
[04:25] | The last time I took care | 我上次独自照看斯考蒂时 |
[04:27] | of Scottie by myself was when she was three. | 她才三岁 |
[04:29] | Now she’s 10. | 现在她十岁了 |
[04:30] | And I have no idea what to do with her. | 我不知道该拿她怎么办 |
[04:32] | I want to eat now, not in an hour. | 我现在就想吃 等不了一个小时 |
[04:35] | And with Elizabeth in the hospital, she’s testing me. | 现在伊丽莎白住院了 这是对我的考验 |
[04:38] | I’m the backup parent. | 我是后备家长 |
[04:40] | The understudy. | 是替补 |
[04:42] | This’s Matt King, I’m returning your call. | 我是马特·金 您给我打过电话 |
[04:44] | How can I help you? | 有什么能帮您的 |
[04:46] | It’s your daughter, Scottie. | 是你的女儿 斯考蒂 |
[04:47] | She’s been texting some awful things to my daughter, Lani… | 她老是给我女儿拉尼发一些恶心的短信 |
[04:50] | …and I’d like her to stop. | 我希望她别再发了 |
[04:53] | Here’s the latest one. | 这是最近一条 |
[04:54] | “We all know you grew pubes over the summer. “ | 我们都知道你夏天会长阴毛 |
[04:57] | I mean, my daughter can’t help | 我女儿是发育相对有点儿早 |
[04:58] | that she’s developing a little early for her age. | 但这不是她能控制的 |
[05:01] | Do you think that’s nice? | 你觉得这样好吗 |
[05:02] | Oh, That’s not like her at all. | 她平时不这样 |
[05:04] | She’s usually very sweet. | 她一般都很乖 |
[05:06] | As you may know, her mother isn’t well, | 你也知道 她妈妈病了 |
[05:08] | maybe this is how she’s dealing with it. | 也许这是她发泄的方式 |
[05:10] | I’m very sorry about your family situation, Mr. King… | 对于你家里的事我很抱歉 金先生 |
[05:13] | …But my daughter comes home from school in tears. | 但我女儿经常放学哭着回来 |
[05:16] | Yeah, no, I get it. I’m sorry. | 我懂了 很抱歉 |
[05:18] | Scottie’s the one who should be sorry. | 抱歉的应该是斯考蒂 |
[05:21] | I want her to come over and apologize… | 我要她自己过来道歉 |
[05:23] | …and I don’t ever want her to text my daughter again. | 而且再也不许给我女儿发短信 |
[05:26] | If she doesn’t apologize, I’ll take it up with the dean. | 如果她不道歉 我就去找教导主任 |
[05:29] | You can’t buy your way out of this. | 别想用钱把这事摆平 |
[05:35] | Can you give me an address? | 能告诉我您的地址吗 |
[05:50] | Thank you for coming by. | 谢谢你们过来 |
[05:53] | Hi. | 你好 |
[05:56] | I forgot to mention the time Scottie said… | 我忘了提 攀岩的时候斯考蒂还说 |
[05:58] | …she didn’t want to be Lani’s partner at the rock wall… | 不想跟拉尼分一组 |
[06:01] | …because she didn’t want to fall into my daughter’s butt crack. | 因为她怕掉进我女儿的屁股缝儿里 |
[06:03] | That doesn’t even make sense. | 这是什么糊话 |
[06:23] | Scottie… | 斯考蒂 |
[06:24] | Do you have something you want to say to Lani? | 你有话要对拉尼说吗 |
[06:26] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[06:29] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[06:34] | Great. Well, nice meeting you both. | 好了 很高兴见到你们 |
[06:35] | Lani, you should come over to our house sometime. | 拉尼 有空来我们家玩 |
[06:38] | For a swim or a hike or something. | 游泳或者远足什么的 |
[06:38] | I don’t think she’s sorry at all. | 我觉得她一点诚意都没有 |
[06:40] | She’s going to keep on doing it. I can tell. | 她还会那样儿 我看得出来 |
[06:43] | No, she won’t. | 不 她不会了 |
[06:44] | Look… Scottie, you’re gonna stop, right? | 斯考蒂 你不会再那样儿了 是吗 |
[06:49] | And you’re really really sorry, right? | 而且你真的知道错了 是吧 |
[07:01] | – Oh, and Mr. King? – Yes? | -对了 金先生 -怎么了 |
[07:03] | Good luck with the sale. | 祝你出售顺利 |
[07:06] | They say your decision will have a major impact… | 都说你的决定对夏威夷的房地产市场 |
[07:08] | …on Hawai’i’s real estate world. | 有很大影响 |
[07:09] | Not to mention the whole landscape of Kaua’i. | 更别提对考艾岛风景区的影响了 |
[07:12] | Hundreds of millions of dollars, yeah? | 上亿美元吧 |
[07:16] | Yeah, it’s a big decision. | 是啊 是个重要的决定 |
[07:18] | My husband’s family is from Kaua’i. | 我丈夫是考艾岛人 |
[07:20] | Hanapepe, born and bred. They hope you don’t sell. | 在哈纳佩佩土生土长 他们希望你别卖掉 |
[07:24] | You don’t say. | 是吗 |
[07:25] | All the traffic it’s gonna make. | 那儿会变得拥堵不堪吧 |
[07:32] | As if Liz’s coma weren’t enough already… | 丽兹昏迷不醒已经够让人心烦了 |
[07:35] | The whole goddamned state is following my decision… | 现在整个夏威夷还在关注我 |
[07:38] | …on who’s gonna buy 25,000 acres on Kaua’i… | 到底要把考艾岛的两万五千英亩地卖给谁 |
[07:41] | …that my family has owned since the 1860s. | 那块地自十九世纪六十年代就归我家所有 |
[07:44] | A lot of my cousins are broke | 我的很多表亲都已经破产 |
[07:46] | and the sale will make us all very very rich. | 而这桩买卖能让我们所有人富得流油 |
[07:51] | My family meets in 6 days to approve a buyer. | 我们家六天后将集会 决定买主 |
[07:54] | But ever since my father died, | 但自从我父亲去世之后 |
[07:56] | I’m the sole trustee. | 我就成了唯一的受托人 |
[07:57] | Which means I alone hold all the cards. | 也就是说 决定权由我一人掌控 |
[08:05] | My great-great-grandmother was Princess Margaret Ke’alohilani, | 我的曾曾祖母是玛格丽特·克阿洛希拉尼公主 |
[08:09] | One of the last direct descendants of King Kamehameha. | 卡美哈美哈国王最后的直系后裔之一 |
[08:12] | She was originally supposed to marry her cousin… | 她本该嫁给她的表兄 |
[08:14] | …but she fell in love with Edward King, her haole banker… | 但她爱上了白人银行家 爱德华·金 |
[08:17] | …whose parents were missionaries. | 他的父母是传教士 |
[08:20] | Between his land deals and her huge inheritance… | 靠着他的地产买卖和她的巨额遗产 |
[08:23] | …generations of their descendants, all of us… | 他们的后代 也就是我们 |
[08:26] | …have watched the past unfurl | 过去通过出租和买卖地产 |
[08:28] | millions into our laps through leases and sales. | 已经将千百万财产收入囊中 |
[08:33] | Now something called the Rule Against Perpetuities… | 而现在有了《禁止永久权规则》 |
[08:36] | …is forcing us to dissolve the trust. | 迫使我们解除这种遗产信托 |
[08:38] | We’re selling our last huge | 我们手中最后的 |
[08:40] | parcel of virgin Hawaiian land. | 这片广阔的夏威夷处女地将被卖掉 |
[08:45] | Unlike a lot of of my cousins, | 和我的众多表亲不同 |
[08:47] | I havn’t blown my share of the trust money. | 我从没挥霍过我的委托金 |
[08:49] | Just like my father before me… | 就像我父亲那样 |
[08:51] | I live only on the income from my law practice. | 我以律师为职谋生 |
[08:54] | I don’t want my daughters | 我不想让我的女儿们 |
[08:56] | growing up spoiled and entitled. | 娇生惯养 养尊处优 |
[08:57] | Liz always accuses me of being stinginess, | 丽兹总是责怪我太吝啬 |
[08:59] | but I agree with my father: | 但我同意我父亲的观点 |
[09:01] | You give your children enough money to do something… | 给孩子的钱不能少到让他们无法作为 |
[09:03] | …but not enough to do nothing. | 也不能多能到让他们可以碌碌无为 |
[09:05] | Matt, your cousins are here. | 马特 你的表亲们到了 |
[09:13] | Not only am I the sole trustee… | 我不仅是唯一信托人 |
[09:15] | …but I specialize in real estate transactional law. | 而且我还专门研究地产交易法 |
[09:17] | So a few of the more involved cousins… | 所以一些关心此事的表亲 |
[09:20] | …have been meeting with me regularly to analyze the bids. | 会定期和我开会 分析竞标情况 |
[09:23] | Cousin Hal… | 哈尔表哥 |
[09:24] | Cousin Milo… | 米洛表弟 |
[09:25] | Cousin Stan… | 斯坦表哥 |
[09:27] | Cousin Six… | 西科斯表弟 |
[09:28] | Cousin Wink… | 温克表弟 |
[09:29] | Cousin Connie. | 科尼表姐 |
[09:31] | And Cousin Dave, both of whom oppose the sale entirely. | 和戴夫表哥 两人都全盘反对这桩买卖 |
[09:34] | Good to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[09:36] | Don’t be fooled by appearances. | 别被外表蒙骗了 |
[09:38] | In Hawai’i some of the most | 在夏威夷 有些权要之人 |
[09:39] | powerful people look like bums and stuntmen. | 看上去就像流浪汉或是特技演员 |
[09:41] | Alright, so, where are we? | 好吧 说到哪儿了 |
[09:43] | The proposals are virtually the same. | 所有提案都大同小异 |
[09:44] | Hotels, shopping centers, condos and golf courses. | 酒店 购物中心 公寓和高尔夫球场 |
[09:48] | I have some major concerns… | 我的顾虑主要是 |
[09:49] | A Chicago group is offering half a billion dollars… | 一个芝加哥集团公司出价五亿美元 |
[09:52] | But we’re leaning toward | 但我们更偏向 |
[09:53] | a lower bid from a guy named Don Holitzer. | 一个出价略低的买家唐·霍利泽 |
[09:56] | He’s actually from Kaua’i… | 他是考艾岛人 |
[09:58] | …made a fortune in Silicon Valley. | 在硅谷赚了一笔 |
[09:59] | Old cousin Hugh is pushing | 休老哥有意让我们 |
[10:01] | us in that direction, and I say why not? | 选择这位买家 我并不反对 |
[10:03] | The money will come from Hawaii and stay in Hawaii. | 肥水不流外人田 |
[10:19] | Elizabeth’s gonna make it out okay. I know it. | 伊丽莎白会挺过去的 我知道 |
[10:23] | It’s not her time yet. | 这还不是她撒手人寰的时候 |
[10:28] | She’ll wake up | 她会醒过来的 |
[10:30] | Scottie and Alexandra will have their mother back… | 会回到斯考蒂和亚历山德拉身边 |
[10:33] | …and we’ll talk about our marriage. | 我要和她谈谈我们的婚姻 |
[10:35] | I know I can make things right. | 我会让一切都恢复正常 |
[10:38] | I’ll sell the land and quit | 我会把地卖了 |
[10:40] | my practice and buy her whatever she wants: | 把工作辞了 给她买她想要的一切 |
[10:43] | A big boat, a house in France… | 一艘大船 一栋法国别墅 |
[10:46] | We’ll take a trip around the world, just the two of us. | 环游世界 就我们俩 |
[10:49] | We’ll get close again… | 我们会重归于好 |
[10:50] | …like the early days. | 甜蜜如初 |
[10:53] | I wish I had better news, Matthew. | 马修 我也希望能带给你好消息 |
[10:56] | But Dr. Chun and Dr. Mueller and I agree that her condition… | 但陈医生 穆勒医生和我都认为 |
[11:01] | …is deteriorating. | 她的病情正在恶化 |
[11:04] | She has no eye movements, She has no pupillary responses… | 她已经没有眼球活动 瞳孔反应 |
[11:09] | She has no brainstem reflexes whatsoever. | 也没有任何脑干反射 |
[11:14] | The machines can keep her alive. | 机器只能维持生命体征 |
[11:16] | But the quality of her life would be so poor… | 但其他身体状况极不乐观 |
[11:19] | Basically the way it is now. | 基本就和现在一样 |
[11:24] | She’ll never be the way she was, Matt. Never. | 她再也无法恢复到以前了 马特 再也不会了 |
[11:30] | We know that now. | 我们现在肯定这一点 |
[11:36] | Look… | 听着 |
[11:38] | I can’t tell you how sorry I am to tell you this. | 告诉你这些我实在很抱歉 |
[11:42] | And you do have your daughters. | 你还有女儿们 |
[11:45] | There’s just nothing more that we can do. | 但现在我们已经无能为力了 |
[11:55] | So if we do go ahead and take her off the machines – | 如果我们把机器停掉 |
[11:57] | There is no if. | 不是如果 |
[11:59] | It’s when. I have a legal obligation, | 是什么时候 我要遵守法规 |
[12:02] | You know that. | 这你明白 |
[12:08] | How long will she last? | 她还能撑多久 |
[12:10] | That’s hard to say. | 很难说 |
[12:12] | Could be a few days, Could be a couple of weeks. | 可能几天 可能几个礼拜 |
[12:15] | For planning purposes, I think | 如果要计划后事的话 |
[12:17] | you should work off the shortest possible scenario. | 你应该做好最坏的打算 |
[12:20] | I know I’ve got to get the | 而且之后我立马要 |
[12:22] | ball rolling on the organ donations right away. | 进行器官捐献手术 |
[12:27] | Matt… | 马特 |
[12:30] | Elizabeth has many friends… | 伊丽莎白有很多朋友 |
[12:33] | She has a big life. | 她活得多姿多彩 |
[12:37] | If you’re gonna let everybody know | 如果你想通知大家来向她告别 |
[12:39] | to say goodbye which is… | 那现在就该开始了 |
[12:40] | …the typical protocol for these situations, you start now. | 这种情况下能做的只有这些了 |
[12:45] | Then when the last day comes… | 那样的话 大限来临时 |
[12:49] | …they feel more ready. | 人们会更有准备 |
[12:52] | As ready as they can feel for something like this. | 更容易面对这样的时刻 |
[12:58] | I’m so sorry, Matt. | 很抱歉 马特 |
[13:46] | There he is! | 他来了 |
[13:46] | How’s it going? | 还好吗 |
[13:47] | What’s going on? | 这是干嘛呢 |
[13:48] | Oh, she’s been looking a | 她成天被关在这儿 |
[13:49] | little pale lately all cooped up in here and… | 脸色有些苍白 |
[13:51] | …I just know she’d be mortified | 要是没人帮她涂点唇膏上点腮红 |
[13:52] | if nobody helped her out with some lipstick and blush. | 她一定觉得特没面子 |
[13:55] | I know she’ll grill me. | 肯定会拿我是问 |
[13:56] | And of course Kai’s getting | 当然了 卡伊还忙不迭的 |
[13:57] | her all caught up on all the latest gossip. | 给她讲最新的八卦消息 |
[13:59] | Well, I don’t want to start from scratch later. | 我可不想以后再从头跟她讲起 |
[14:02] | Oh, and Matt, on the way here we stopped by… | 对了马特 今天来的时候我们顺便 |
[14:05] | …and putted some meals in your fridge, | 放了点吃的在你家冰箱里 |
[14:06] | all ready to nuke. | 欢迎品尝 |
[14:07] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[14:10] | So what’s the latest anyway, Matt? Any updates? | 怎么样了 马特 有好转吗 |
[14:13] | Just more of the same. Just keeping her kidneys… | 没什么变化 就是维持肾 |
[14:15] | …and other vital organs working, | 还有其他重要器官的功能 |
[14:17] | And hoping for the best. | 满怀乐观的期望 |
[15:09] | The food at the club is so good. | 这里的东西太好吃了 |
[15:12] | Yeah, they do a good job here. | 是啊 他们手艺好 |
[15:17] | Why is it called a jellyfish? | 为什么水母要叫水母 |
[15:19] | It’s not a fish, it’s not jelly. | 它跟水不一样 也不都是母的 |
[15:21] | I have no idea. | 不知道 |
[15:22] | You ask good questions, Scottie. | 你的问题提得很好 斯考蒂 |
[15:24] | You’re getting too smart for me. | 你太聪明了 我快反应不过来了 |
[15:26] | I’m gonna ask Mom when she wakes up. | 等妈妈醒了之后我问她去 |
[15:29] | Do you think she’s gonna know everything she used to? | 她还会像以前那样无所不知吗 |
[15:33] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[15:47] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上来 |
[15:51] | Hi, Matt. | 你好 马特 |
[15:52] | Hi, Scottie. | 你好 斯考蒂 |
[15:52] | Troy. | 特洛伊 |
[15:54] | So, what’s going on? | 最近怎么样 |
[15:56] | I mean, how’s Elizabeth doing? | 我是说 伊丽莎白怎么样 |
[15:58] | The same. | 老样子 |
[15:59] | Well, you know, I went and visited her last week and… | 我上礼拜去看望过她 |
[16:03] | I thought she looked pretty good. | 我觉得她看起来气色不错 |
[16:05] | Then why’d you ask? | 那你还问 |
[16:06] | I don’t know, I guess I just wanted to know what the latest is. | 不知道 我只想听听最新情况 |
[16:10] | And I’ve been praying for her every day… | 我每天都在为她祈祷 |
[16:12] | …you guys. Really hard. Seriously. | 你们真不容易 真的 |
[16:15] | What I meant to say was, when I was there, | 我的意思是 在医院里 |
[16:17] | I talked to her and she… | 我和她说话 |
[16:20] | …She moved her hand and… | 她手动了动 |
[16:21] | Then I was like… I was encouraged. | 我 我很激动 |
[16:23] | I thought that was an encouraging sign. | 我觉得这是个好兆头 |
[16:25] | That’s enough. | 够了 |
[16:27] | I really think she heard me. | 我真的觉得她听见我说话了 |
[16:29] | Look, Troy… | 特洛伊 |
[16:31] | Go to your friends. There’s no hard feelings. | 回你朋友那儿去吧 我们很好 |
[16:33] | Let’s just leave it alone. | 别来烦我们了 |
[16:41] | I told you, Matt. | 我跟你说过 马特 |
[16:42] | The water that day was so choppy. I told you a hundred times. | 那天浪很大 我说过很多遍了 |
[16:45] | What happened to her could have happened to me. | 她的不幸也可能发生在我身上 |
[16:47] | I mean the ocean was brutal that day. You can ask anybody. | 那天波涛汹涌 大家都知道 |
[16:50] | You weren’t supposed to be driving, | 你根本不该驾驶 |
[16:52] | She was supposed to be driving. | 应该让她来 |
[16:53] | She wanted me to drive. | 她非要让我开的 |
[16:55] | She’s the one who told me to pass the other boat before the turn. | 是她让我转弯前超过另一艘 |
[16:58] | You know, it’s just your whole attitude toward me. | 为什么都怪罪在我头上 |
[17:02] | I feel terrible about it. | 我也觉得很难过 |
[17:04] | Plus I almost drowned myself when the boat caps – | 而且汽艇翻过来时我也差点淹死 |
[17:13] | Scottie! | 斯考蒂 |
[17:14] | Hey! Scottie! Scottie! | 斯考蒂 斯考蒂 |
[17:18] | Listen. | 听着 |
[17:19] | Don’t pay any attention to that guy. | 别理那个人 |
[17:21] | That guy’s a dope. | 他是白痴 |
[17:22] | – I hate him. – Yeah. | -我恨他 -是啊 |
[17:24] | I know. | 我知道 |
[17:26] | Hey. Let’s do something crazy. | 我们来玩点儿疯的怎么样 |
[17:28] | Alright? Let’s drive over the airport… | 我们开车去机场 |
[17:31] | We’ll hop over to the Big Island and | 飞到夏威夷岛 |
[17:32] | we’ll surprise your sister. | 给你姐姐一个惊喜 |
[17:33] | What do you say? | 怎么样 |
[17:34] | Right now? | 现在吗 |
[17:35] | Yes, it’ll be fun. She’s not expecting us. | 没错 很好玩的 她不会想到我们会去 |
[17:38] | And… we can bring her home. | 然后我们接她回家 |
[17:39] | I think she should be here with us, don’t you? | 我觉得她应该跟我们一起 你觉得呢 |
[17:41] | Don’t you miss her? I miss her. | 你不想她吗 我都想死了 |
[17:43] | Yeah, I mean I’m out of school. She should be too! | 好啊 我反正不上课了 她干脆也别上了 |
[17:48] | Okay. Let’s go. Com on. | 好 我们走吧 |
[17:56] | Hey, Troy. | 特洛伊 |
[18:08] | Somehow it feels natural to | 女儿不和我住在一个岛上 |
[18:09] | find a daughter of mine on a different island. | 对我来说已习以为常 |
[18:13] | A family seems exactly like an archipelago. | 家庭其实就像群岛 |
[18:15] | All part of the same whole, but still separate and alone. | 虽是一家 但位置分散 各据一方 |
[18:19] | And always drifting slowly apart. | 并总是逐渐疏远 |
[18:59] | That’s the wrong door. | 不是这间 |
[19:05] | Go back to sleep, Rylan. | 回去睡觉 瑞兰 |
[19:06] | It’s ok. | 没事了 |
[19:18] | Wake up to your roommate, please. | 去把你室友叫醒 |
[19:20] | Um… Alex isn’t here. | 艾里克斯不在 |
[19:23] | Where is she? | 她去哪儿了 |
[19:24] | I think she’s somewhere outside. | 出去了吧 |
[19:27] | Where outside? | 去哪儿了 |
[19:39] | Hey, girls! What you guys think you’re doing out here? | 姑娘们 你们干什么呢 |
[19:42] | Run! | 快跑 |
[19:45] | – Fuck! – Hi, Alex! | -操 -艾里克斯 |
[19:46] | It’s me, Scottie! | 是我 斯考蒂 |
[19:48] | I pay $35,000 a year for this kind of crap not to happen. | 我一年掏三万五就是不想她再这样 |
[19:51] | Alex! | 艾里克斯 |
[19:52] | Dad? | 老爸 |
[19:55] | – My fucking dad is here! – You need to watch your language. | -我那死老爸来了 -怎么说话呢 |
[19:58] | This is unacceptable behavior. | 这是禁止的 |
[20:01] | What’s up, Dad? | 怎么了 老爸 |
[20:04] | What’s happening? | 出什么事了 |
[20:07] | You need to come home and see your Mom. | 你得回家看看你妈妈 |
[20:12] | Fuck Mom! | 让她去死吧 |
[20:16] | Really? What did I just say about the language? | 什么 我刚才怎么说的 禁止说脏话 |
[20:18] | You could get expelled for all of this. | 你会被学校开除的 |
[20:23] | What is it that makes the | 为什么我生命中的女人 |
[20:24] | women in my life wanna destroy themselves? | 喜欢自我毁灭 |
[20:27] | Elizabeth with her motorcycles and speedboats… | 伊丽莎白痴迷摩托车和快艇 |
[20:30] | …and drinking. | 还酗酒 |
[20:32] | Alexandra with her drugs and older guys. | 亚历山德拉嗑药 跟老男人胡混 |
[20:35] | And Scottie… | 还有斯考蒂 |
[20:37] | …with Elizabeth gone… | 等伊丽莎白一走 |
[20:39] | what kind of a chance will she have with, just me? | 从此没有了母爱 只有我罢了 |
[20:41] | Go to bed. | 去睡吧 |
[21:18] | All right. | 好了 |
[21:19] | Here we go. | 吃早饭吧 |
[21:24] | I don’t like eggs. | 我不爱吃鸡蛋 |
[21:26] | Why didn’t you tell me before I made them? | 那我做前你怎么不说 |
[21:28] | I thought they were for you. | 我以为你给自己弄呢 |
[21:34] | Good morning. | 早 |
[21:45] | How’re you feeling? | 感觉怎么样 |
[21:46] | Hungover? | 宿醉舒服吗 |
[21:48] | Why am I not surprised? | 我就奇了怪了 |
[21:51] | I thought you were supposed to be getting your act together. | 本来以为你能规规矩矩的 |
[21:53] | I have gotten my act together. | 我确实规规矩矩的 |
[21:55] | I was just drinking. | 只不过喝了点酒 |
[21:57] | I’ve been doing really well, | 我表现得好着呢 |
[21:58] | actually. Nobody ever seems to notice that. | 只不过 根本就没人在意 |
[22:01] | My grades are better… | 我的成绩也提高了 |
[22:03] | How I was in that stupid | 那部烂戏中我演得怎么样 |
[22:04] | play that you guys didn’t even bother to see. | 你们压根不愿意去看罢了 |
[22:05] | Do you even remember the name of it? | 剧的名字你还记得吗 |
[22:09] | That’s what I thought. | 就知道你忘了 |
[22:11] | So what? What if I got drunk | 怎么了 不就是晚上喝多了 |
[22:12] | on the one night you happened to stop by? | 巧了又被你撞见了 |
[22:15] | So fucking what? | 他妈的那又怎样 |
[22:16] | Hey, hey. Watch your language around Scottie. | 斯考蒂在呢 说话注意点儿 |
[22:19] | I don’t care. | 我无所谓 |
[22:21] | Anyway. | 算了 |
[22:23] | Listen. | 说真的 |
[22:25] | It’s nice to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[22:27] | Welcome home. | 欢迎回家 |
[22:29] | Want some eggs? | 吃鸡蛋吗 |
[22:45] | I can’t believe that. | 不会吧 |
[22:48] | What? | 什么 |
[22:50] | Oh, my God! | 天哪 |
[22:53] | Alex? | 艾里克斯 |
[22:54] | What did she say? | 她怎么说的 |
[22:58] | Can I talk to you for a minute? | 能和你谈谈吗 |
[23:01] | The pool’s really dirty. | 泳池脏死了 |
[23:05] | Wait… what? | 等等 什么 |
[23:07] | No. | 没有 |
[23:08] | I really need to talk to you. | 我真的有话和你说 |
[23:09] | She didn’t say anything to me. | 她什么都没和我说 |
[23:17] | Oh my God, I can’t believe… | 天哪 真不敢相信 |
[23:19] | Hey, yeah… I gotta go. | 我得挂了 |
[23:21] | Okay, I’ll see you later. | 好 回头见 |
[23:28] | What day does the pool guy come? | 打扫泳池的什么时候来 |
[23:29] | He comes… | 他一般… |
[23:32] | You know, I don’t know when he comes. | 说实话 我还真不知道他哪天来 |
[23:34] | Awesome. | 真行 |
[23:35] | Sid’s coming over. | 席德要过来 |
[23:37] | Who’s Sid? | 席德是谁 |
[23:38] | A really good friend from Punahou. | 普纳荷中学的一个好朋友 |
[23:40] | We were in school together for years. | 我俩同学好多年了 |
[23:42] | Oh. Okay. | 好 |
[23:44] | He wants to be there for me with all this shit happening. | 出了这烂事 他想陪陪我 |
[23:48] | Do I know his parents? | 我认识他家长吗 |
[23:49] | No. | 不认识 |
[23:51] | He might stay over too. Is that cool? | 晚上他住这儿 没问题吧 |
[23:53] | Guys, over here. | 快看我 |
[23:55] | What the fuck? Get out of my underwear, you freak. | 靠 别穿我内衣 你个小变态 |
[23:58] | Okay, no, no, no, no! | 好了 行了行了 |
[24:00] | Back inside put on the swimsuit. | 进去把泳衣换上 |
[24:02] | Why? | 为什么 |
[24:03] | Now. | 快去 |
[24:08] | A real good job you’re doing. | 您可真会教育孩子 |
[24:10] | That’s part of why I brought you here. | 这也是带你回来的一个原因 |
[24:12] | You have to help me with her. I don’t know what to do with her. | 你得帮我照顾她 我不会带孩子 |
[24:14] | Maybe if you spent more time with her… | 你要是肯多陪陪她 |
[24:16] | …she wouldn’t act like such a complete spaz. | 她也不会变成这样一个傻丫头 |
[24:20] | Get her out of town. Go camp on Kaua’i. | 带她出去玩 去考艾岛露营 |
[24:23] | That’s what mom used to do with me whenever I was losing it. | 过去闹脾气时妈妈就这么做 |
[24:27] | Listen. | 听我说 |
[24:28] | No, listen, listen to me. | 别游了 你听我说 |
[24:31] | Your mother is not well. | 你妈妈情况不好 |
[24:33] | Well, obviously. | 这用说吗 |
[24:34] | No. | 不是 |
[24:38] | They just told me she isn’t gonna wake up. | 医院通知我她醒不过来了 |
[24:41] | We know for sure now. | 已经确定了 |
[24:44] | The doctors are gonna stop caring for her. | 医院准备放弃治疗 |
[24:49] | Your mother wanted it this way. She has this… | 你妈妈也希望如此 她写了… |
[24:52] | She has this will, see… | 她写了遗嘱 |
[24:55] | …that says that we have to do it this way. | 要我们遵从她的遗愿 |
[24:57] | We both do. | 要我们俩 |
[25:02] | Do you understand what I’m saying? | 明白我说的话吗 |
[25:07] | That’s why I got you. | 所以我叫你回来 |
[25:11] | Honey, we’re letting her go. | 宝贝 我们让她安歇吧 |
[25:43] | Why’d you have to tell me in the goddamned pool? | 干嘛非在这该死的泳池告诉我 |
[25:46] | Alex… | 艾里克斯 |
[25:47] | Alex! | 艾里克斯 |
[25:48] | What? | 干嘛 |
[25:50] | What do you want? | 还想干嘛 |
[26:08] | I just found out yesterday. | 我也是昨天才知道 |
[26:17] | We have to go through this thing together… | 我们得一起撑过去 |
[26:20] | …you and Scottie and me. | 你 我 还有斯考蒂 |
[26:23] | And I have to go around and tell people what’s happening. | 我得把这事一个个通知大家 |
[26:27] | Family and a few close friends. | 家人 还有些要好的朋友 |
[26:31] | Sometimes I’ll really need you to come with me. | 有时候还需要你陪着我 |
[26:33] | Sometimes I need you to watch Scottie. | 有时候得让你照顾斯考蒂 |
[26:38] | You want me to go around | 你想要我跟你去 |
[26:40] | with you and tell people that Mom’s gonna die? | 四处通知”我妈妈要死了”吗 |
[26:43] | What’s the point of that? | 这有什么意义 |
[26:45] | Breaking the news, watching them cry, | 宣布噩耗 看他们哭 |
[26:47] | dealing with their emotions. | 安抚他们吗 |
[26:49] | How depressing is that gonna be? Just call them. | 知道这有多压抑吗 还是打电话吧 |
[26:52] | Alex, nobody wants to do any of this. | 艾里克斯 没人想这样做 |
[26:54] | But we have to tell your Grandpa and Tutu, and a few friends. | 可我们得通知你外公和图图 还有一些朋友 |
[26:58] | They have the right to know, they have the right to say goodbye. | 他们有权知道 有权来道别 |
[27:02] | I don’t wanna talk about Mom with anyone. | 我不想和任何人再提起妈妈 |
[27:05] | Look, whatever you two fought | 听我说 不管你俩圣诞节 |
[27:06] | about over Christmas, you have to drop it. | 因为什么吵架 是时候让它过去了 |
[27:09] | Grow up. | 成熟一点 |
[27:10] | You love your mother. Your mother loves you. | 你爱你妈妈 你妈妈也爱你 |
[27:12] | I can’t drop it. | 我没法放下 |
[27:14] | You have to. | 你必须放下 |
[27:16] | You really don’t have a clue, do you? | 你真的一点都不知道吗 |
[27:23] | Dad… | 爸 |
[27:25] | Dad, mom was cheating on you. | 爸 妈妈背叛了你 |
[27:30] | That’s what we fought about. | 我俩吵架就为这个 |
[27:33] | When I was over at Christmas, I caught her with the guy. | 回来过圣诞节时 我看到她和一个男的在一起 |
[27:38] | It made me sick to see her near you. | 再看到她亲近你我就恶心 |
[27:42] | I went back to school thinking that that was it… | 回到学校我想 就这样吧 |
[27:44] | …that I was just done with her. | 大不了不再理她 |
[27:46] | I was gonna call and tell you everything, and… | 我本想打电话告诉你一切 |
[27:50] | …and then the accident happened, and… | 可偏在那时候出了事 |
[27:55] | …I was waiting until she woke up, I guess. | 于是我想 等她醒过来再说吧 |
[28:00] | You didn’t even suspect. Right? | 你从来没怀疑过是吧 |
[28:05] | Right? | 是吗 |
[28:07] | You disgusted me too. You’re always so busy. | 你也让我生气 总是忙这忙那 |
[28:14] | Caught her with a guy? What does that mean? | 看到她和男人一起 什么意思 |
[28:18] | I was on my way to swim in the Black Point pool with Brandy… | 我和布兰迪去黑点游泳场的路上 |
[28:21] | …and suddenly I see Mom | 撞见了妈妈 |
[28:23] | and some douchebag walking into a house. | 和一个浑蛋正走进一幢房子 |
[28:26] | His house, I guess. | 估计是那浑蛋家 |
[28:28] | Just some guy? It could be anybody. | 一个男人而已 能说明什么呢 |
[28:30] | Yeah, he had his hand on her ass. | 没错 可他的手在摸她屁股 |
[28:33] | It was gross. | 超恶心 |
[28:44] | Then what? | 然后呢 |
[28:45] | Then nothing. Then they went into the house. | 没了 他俩就进去了 |
[28:49] | A few days later I told her I knew what she was doing. | 几天后我和她说 她的事我都知道了 |
[28:52] | And? | 然后 |
[28:54] | And first she acted like | 开始她还假装 |
[28:56] | she had no idea what I was talking about. | 不知道我在说什么 |
[28:58] | Like I’m fucking blind. | 还他妈当我是瞎子呢 |
[29:02] | Then she got like super-mad and yelled and denied it. | 然后她气疯了 大喊大叫 否认一切 |
[29:07] | That is when I decided I | 就在那一刻 我决定 |
[29:08] | didn’t want anything more to do with her. | 和她断绝关系 |
[29:14] | Who is he? | 那人是谁 |
[29:16] | I don’t know. Some guy. | 我不认识 就一男的 |
[29:19] | What did he look like? | 长什么样儿 |
[29:21] | Dark hair. | 黑发 |
[29:35] | Watch your sister. | 照顾好妹妹 |
[30:26] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[30:27] | Kai? | 卡伊 |
[30:29] | Mark? | 马克 |
[30:32] | It’s me, Matt! | 是我 马特 |
[30:38] | Hello! | 有人吗 |
[30:39] | – Wait… – Hello? | -等等 -谁啊 |
[30:41] | It’s me, it’s Matt! | 是我 马特 |
[30:44] | Oh, hey, Matt. | 马特 |
[30:45] | It’s a bad time? | 是不是来的不是时候 |
[30:46] | No, no, we were just fighting. | 没事 我俩就是拌拌嘴 |
[30:48] | Come on in. You want some coffee? You want something to drink? | 快进来 咖啡还是别的 |
[30:50] | No, thanks. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[30:52] | – Fighting about something stupid. – It is not stupid. | -为点儿破事吵架 -这是破事吗 |
[30:56] | He wants us to throw parties | 他想让我们搞派对 |
[30:57] | and have people over, which we do, of course… | 把人都请过来 我们当然会照做 |
[31:00] | …but who winds up doing all the work? Me. | 可最后是谁来忙活这一切 还不是我 |
[31:01] | You don’t have to do anything. | 你什么都不用干 |
[31:03] | – That’s the whole point! – Yes, I do. | -关键在这 -不 我什么都得做 |
[31:05] | It’s doesn’t have to be work. You don’t have to… | 没必要费那个劲 你不用 |
[31:06] | …clean and buy a new outfit. | 又是大扫除又是置办东西的 |
[31:08] | – Oh, I’m supposed to leave… – … and think of the… | -那我就应该… -想想那些 |
[31:10] | …goddamn theme cocktail for every party. | 乱七八糟的主题鸡尾酒会 |
[31:11] | We can just invite people | 我们可以请些人来家里坐坐 |
[31:12] | over to hang out and drink whatever we have. | 随便他们喝什么 |
[31:15] | Let’s talk about it later. | 这事以后说吧 |
[31:17] | Oh, shit, Matt, is everything okay? | 天哪 马特 你没事吧 |
[31:19] | Is there any news? | 有什么进展吗 |
[31:21] | In fact there is. I’ll tell you about it in a moment. | 确实有 等会儿再和你们说 |
[31:23] | Who is he? | 那男的是谁 |
[31:26] | Does she love him? | 她爱那男的吗 |
[31:32] | Who is he? | 他到底是谁 |
[31:33] | Matt… | 马特 |
[31:35] | I’m sorry to put you in that position. | 抱歉让你们为难 |
[31:37] | But I’m not really the one who put you there, am I? | 但真正让你们为难的不是我吧 |
[31:39] | I’d like to know who the guy is that my wife was… seeing. | 我想知道我太太偷会的那个家伙是谁 |
[31:44] | Matt, you’re angry. | 马特 你在气头上 |
[31:45] | You have very keen powers of observation. | 你肯定发现了 |
[31:47] | Wow. Okay, You know what I think? | 好吧 知道我怎么想吗 |
[31:48] | We should just talk about this later. | 这事我们应该等等再谈 |
[31:49] | I think maybe you need to cool it. | 你需要先冷静冷静 |
[31:52] | Is it Troy? That fucking Neanderthal? | 是特洛伊吗 那个该死的尼安德特人 |
[31:57] | You don’t know him. | 你不认识那个人 |
[31:59] | Mark, don’t you even. Shame on you. | 马克 别说 你真行 |
[32:01] | You’re supposed to be her friend. | 她可是你朋友 |
[32:02] | Well,guess what? I’m Matt’s friend too. | 那怎么了 马特也是我朋友 |
[32:05] | Okay? And this is a unique and dramatic situation… | 好吧 目前的情况确实很少见很戏剧化 |
[32:08] | …and I wouldn’t wanna know. | 真希望我不知道这档子事儿 |
[32:09] | Yeah, But don’t betray her when she can’t even defend herself. | 但你不能在她有口难辩时背叛她 |
[32:16] | Matt… | 马特 |
[32:17] | Look, you might not be able to hear this right now… | 现在你大概听不进去 |
[32:20] | …but it’s not her fault. | 但这不是她的错 |
[32:23] | Your marriage was not… just… She was lonely. | 你俩的婚姻并不是…她觉得孤独 |
[32:28] | So you’re going to talk to me in cliches about women? | 哪门子陈腔滥调 |
[32:30] | Nothing is ever a woman’s fault. | 女人永远是无罪的 |
[32:32] | Was it still going on when she had the accident? | 出事时他俩还在交往吗 |
[32:37] | But I stayed out of it. | 我没插手这件事 |
[32:39] | Anytime Kai would bring it up, I walked away. | 卡伊一说起这事我就回避 |
[32:44] | And you what? | 那你呢 |
[32:45] | You probably eggeed her on. | 大概怂恿她了吧 |
[32:47] | Add some drama to your life without any actual risk. | 给自己的生活添点料没什么大不了 |
[32:49] | Whom do you think you are protecting, Kai? | 你在袒护谁 卡伊 |
[32:51] | She doesn’t need your protection… | 她不需要 |
[32:53] | It’s over. She’s gonna die. | 结束了 她就要死了 |
[32:56] | – Don’t say that. – It’s true, I was gonna tell you yesterday. | -你说什么 -事实 昨天就想告诉你们 |
[32:59] | She is never gonna wake up. You hear me? | 她再也醒不过来了 听懂了吗 |
[33:01] | Do you understand what I’m saying? | 明白我的意思吗 |
[33:03] | She is gone! | 她死了 |
[33:04] | We are pulling the plug. | 我们要拔掉管子 |
[33:05] | You were putting lipstick on a corpse! | 你不过是在给一具死尸涂口红 |
[33:13] | Come on, Matt. | 行了 马特 |
[33:15] | That’s a little intense. | 这有点过了 |
[33:40] | Does she love him? | 她爱那男的吗 |
[33:43] | How can you ask about him when she’s going to die? Who cares? | 她都要死了你还问什么 有意义吗 |
[33:47] | Yes, she loves him… | 没错 她爱那个男人 |
[33:49] | …loved him, whatever. | 爱过吧 管他的 |
[33:50] | She was crazy about him. She was going to… | 她为那个男人痴迷 她正准备… |
[33:53] | …she was going to ask you for a divorce. | 她正准备向你提出离婚 |
[34:09] | You still haven’t told me who he is. | 你们还没告诉我那人是谁 |
[34:13] | I guess it doesn’t matter. | 是啊 是谁不重要了 |
[34:25] | Matt? | 马特 |
[34:26] | Matt! | 马特 |
[34:30] | Brian Speer. | 布莱恩·斯皮尔 |
[34:32] | His name is Brian Speer. | 那人叫布莱恩·斯皮尔 |
[34:34] | Two e’s. | 两个e [Speer] |
[35:24] | Hi, Daddy. | 爸爸 |
[35:26] | Hello Dad, this’s Sid. | 爸 这是席德 |
[35:29] | Hello, Sid. | 你好 席德 |
[35:32] | What’s up, bro? | 你好 哥们儿 |
[35:37] | Don’t ever do that to me again. | 你再敢这样试试 |
[35:39] | Get ready, We’re going to see your Grandparents… | 收拾一下 去看你外公外婆 |
[35:42] | and Scottie, auntie Esther will come over to watch you. | 斯考蒂 爱斯特姨妈会来照顾你 |
[35:44] | Dad, Sid’s coming with us, okay? | 老爸 席德跟我们一起去 行吧 |
[35:45] | Yeah, listen Sid, what’s going on this week | 行是行 不过席德你听着 这礼拜的事 |
[35:48] | is realy family matter. You understand? | 纯粹是我们家里的事 明白吗 |
[35:50] | Sid’s not going to be interested in | 席德才不想见你外公外婆呢 |
[35:52] | meeting your grandparents. He’s gonna be bored stiff. | 他肯定会被烦死 |
[35:55] | Dad, I told you that he was going to be with me. | 老爸 我和你说了他是来陪我的 |
[35:57] | I’ll be a lot more civil with him around. | 有他在边上我会老实点儿 |
[36:02] | What can I say? | 我无所谓 |
[36:13] | This is like reading Korean. | 跟看天书一样 |
[36:16] | Scott, if you want,I can walk you through it. | 斯考特 我可以帮你解释清楚 |
[36:20] | Jibber-jabber. | 什么乱七八糟的 |
[36:23] | It’s an advanced directive… | 这是份事先声明 |
[36:26] | It’s basically her instructions on what procedures she wants or… | 主要讲了她对诊疗过程的要求或… |
[36:29] | I know goddamn well what it says. | 上面说什么我清楚得很 |
[36:31] | She doesn’t want us sit around watching her spoiling like milk. | 她不想让我们看她慢慢死掉 |
[36:35] | If there is nothing of doctors can do, she’d rather just get on with it. | 要是医生也没办法了 她宁愿快点儿了断 |
[36:41] | Elizabeth had the good sense to write this thing here. | 伊丽莎白是出于好心才写的这个 |
[36:44] | She always was a thoughtful girl. | 她总是为别人考虑 |
[36:47] | A Strong girl. | 很坚强 |
[36:49] | A hell of a lot stronger than her brother. | 比她哥哥强太多了 |
[36:51] | Barry whines his way through life. | 巴里一辈子就会自怨自艾 |
[36:54] | Might even be a homosexual, for all I know. | 我看没准儿还是个同性恋 |
[36:56] | Scott, I do not think so. | 斯考特 不是这样吧 |
[36:57] | And she’s stronger than you, Matt. | 她也比你强 马特 |
[36:59] | She lived more in a year than you did in a decade, | 她的人生要比你丰富十倍 |
[37:02] | sitting in your office, hoarding all your cash. | 你就知道上班 守着那堆钱 |
[37:05] | All that money you refuse to use… | 一分一毛都不舍得用 |
[37:08] | what the hell good is it? | 有个屁用 |
[37:09] | And now you and your family get | 现在你们那个家族 |
[37:11] | ready cashing in your chips, what the hell for? | 又打算卖掉地皮捞一把 这又是搞什么 |
[37:14] | Maybe if you’d let my baby have her own boat and bought her… | 如果你能给我宝贝闺女买艘船 |
[37:17] | some safer equipment or… | 置办些更好的装备 |
[37:19] | let her go on those shopping sprees women like. | 让她像别的女人一样去疯狂血拼 |
[37:22] | Maybe she wouldn’t have gone in for those shrill sports. | 她或许就不会玩那些刺激运动了 |
[37:25] | Maybe if you’d provided more thrills at home. | 如果你能在家多创造点儿激情 |
[37:30] | And you, Alexandra… | 还有你 亚历山德拉 |
[37:33] | putting your poor mother through hell… | 就知道折磨你那可怜的妈妈 |
[37:34] | what all she was trying to | 她无非是想 |
[37:35] | do was instill some sense and drive in you. | 让你更加成熟上进 |
[37:38] | Shame on you. | 你太不像话 |
[37:39] | Shame on you! | 太不争气了 |
[37:41] | You should try to be more like her. | 你得多学学你妈妈 |
[37:45] | She’s a good girl. | 她是个好孩子 |
[37:50] | She’s a good girl. | 她是个好孩子 |
[38:38] | Hi, Alice | 你好 爱丽丝 |
[38:39] | It’s me, Matt. | 是我 马特 |
[38:41] | It’s good to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[38:43] | Good to see you too. | 见到你我也高兴 |
[38:45] | Hi, Tutu. | 你好啊 外婆 |
[38:46] | That’s Alexandra. | 这是亚历山德拉 |
[38:48] | She’s your grand daughter. | 她是你外孙女 |
[38:50] | And this is your son-in-law Matt. | 这是你女婿马特 |
[38:52] | This is your family. | 他们都是你的家人 |
[38:54] | Well, except for that kid over there. | 除了那边那个小子 |
[38:56] | I don’t know who the hell he is. | 我不知道他是谁 |
[38:58] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[38:59] | What are you doing here? | 你来这儿干什么 |
[39:00] | He’s my friend. | 他是我朋友 |
[39:01] | Good afternoon. | 下午好 |
[39:07] | Alice… | 爱丽丝 |
[39:09] | we’re going to go to Queen’s Hospital this afternoon | 我们今天下午要去女王医院 |
[39:12] | and see Elizabeth. | 看望伊丽莎白 |
[39:14] | We are? | 真的吗 |
[39:15] | Yes. | 真的 |
[39:16] | She needs us, | 她需要我们 |
[39:17] | just like when she was a little girl. | 就像她小时候那样 |
[39:19] | We need to see her in the hospital. | 我们得去医院探视她 |
[39:21] | So think about what she might want have in her room, and… | 想想她可能需要什么 |
[39:25] | we’ll take it to her and put it next to her bed. | 我们带去给她 摆在她床头 |
[39:28] | Queen Elizabeth? | 去见伊丽莎白女王吗 |
[39:31] | That’s wonderful! | 太好了 |
[39:34] | I have to put on a nice dress. | 我得去换件漂亮的衣服 |
[39:38] | Is she serious? | 她开玩笑的吧 |
[39:41] | Shut up, kid. | 闭嘴 小子 |
[39:43] | I have never met Queen before. | 我还没见过女王呢 |
[39:49] | I’m sorry, man. | 抱歉 哥们儿 |
[39:51] | I was just laughing. It’s funny I mean. | 我就是笑笑 逗死了 |
[39:54] | I think she knows she’s being funny. | 她也觉得很好笑吧 |
[39:56] | I’m going to hit you. | 我要揍你 |
[40:02] | That was unreal. | 我真不敢相信 |
[40:03] | I mean… | 我是说 |
[40:05] | how often do old people just | 一般的老头儿哪会 |
[40:07] | haul off and fucking cold-cock you in like that? | 他妈的说打就打 出拳那么狠呢 |
[40:10] | He’s hit me a couple times over the years. | 这些年他也打过我几次 |
[40:12] | And watch your language. | 你说话注意点 |
[40:14] | Can I see it? | 让我看看 |
[40:17] | Holly shit! | 天哪 |
[40:20] | Could you two just cool it… | 我在的时候 |
[40:22] | when you around me? Just… stop… touching each other. | 你俩能不能别那么近乎儿 摸来摸去的 |
[40:26] | Whoa man! | 哥们儿 |
[40:28] | Maybe that’s why your wife cheated on you, | 或许这就是你妻子出轨的原因吧 |
[40:30] | if you are so against touching. | 你要是这么反感身体接触的话 |
[40:37] | You little fuck. Do you get hit a lot? | 你个小混蛋 你没少挨揍吧 |
[40:39] | I do not know. | 说不好 |
[40:40] | I’ve had my share. | 反正被揍过 |
[40:44] | Your friend is completely retarded. You know that? | 你朋友根本就是个弱智 你没发现吗 |
[40:47] | Hey man, my little brother’s retarded. | 哥们儿 我弟弟就是弱智 |
[40:50] | Don’t use that word in a derogatory fashion. | 别拿这个词贬低别人 |
[40:57] | Psych! I don’t have a retarded brother! | 骗你玩 我才没有弱智弟弟呢 |
[41:00] | Sid, You suck. | 席德 你玩儿过了 |
[41:06] | Speaking of retarded… | 说起弱智… |
[41:07] | …do you ever wish that like | 你们有没有过这种想法 |
[41:08] | retarded people or old people would just hurry up? | 希望弱智还有老年人能动作能快点 |
[41:11] | Like sometimes… | 比如 |
[41:12] | I’m waiting for them to cross the street, | 我等着他们过马路的时候 |
[41:14] | and I’m like, come on already! | 心里就想 拜托 快点 |
[41:17] | But then I feel bad. | 过后又觉得过意不去 |
[41:29] | Dad? | 老爸 |
[41:30] | What? | 怎么了 |
[41:32] | Don’t forget that I know where he lives. | 别忘了我知道他住哪 |
[41:38] | Get in the front seat. | 到前面来 |
[41:43] | So you know anything else about him? | 你还知道他别的事吗 |
[41:45] | Like what he does or if he’s married or anything? | 比如他做什么 结婚没 |
[41:48] | Just his name. Brian Speer. | 就知道他叫布莱恩·斯皮尔 |
[41:52] | Why didn’t you ask Kai and Mark? | 你当时怎么不问卡伊和马克 |
[41:54] | I just didn’t. | 没问 |
[41:55] | Why not? | 干嘛不问 |
[41:56] | I didn’t want to get into it, that’s all. | 我当时不想再深究下去 |
[41:58] | We’ll google him later. | 我们回头百度一下 |
[42:01] | All right… | 好了… |
[42:03] | We’re almost… | 就要到了… |
[42:05] | That’s it, that’s it, that’s on, stop at the turtle. | 到了 到了 就停在乌龟那儿 |
[42:07] | – Right there? – The one with the turtle. | -就那儿吗 -有只乌龟的那个 |
[42:08] | – That one? – Yeah, yeah. | -那一栋吗 -对 对 |
[42:15] | There? | 那儿吗 |
[42:16] | He lives there? | 他就住那儿 |
[42:17] | Well, I can’t say for sure he lives there. But… | 我不能肯定他是住那儿 但是 |
[42:19] | that’s just where I saw them. | 我就是在这儿看到他们的 |
[42:23] | Shall I ring the bell? | 要我去按铃吗 |
[42:24] | No, this is stupid… | 不 太傻了 |
[42:27] | this is stalking, or something that, okay, it’s… | 这就像是跟踪什么的 好了… |
[42:30] | We came, we saw, that’s enough. Let’s go. | 我们来过 看见了 就够了 走吧 |
[42:34] | It’s not like we’re stalking him exactly. | 准确地说我们也没跟踪他 |
[42:49] | What would you do if you saw him, anyway? | 话说如果你见到他打算怎么做呢 |
[42:51] | Talk to him or punch him, what? | 跟他谈还是扁他一顿什么的 |
[42:55] | I guess I just want to see him. | 我大概只想见他一面而已 |
[43:19] | – Dad, dad, dad. Stop, stop, stop, stop! – What? What? | -老爸 快停车 -怎么了 |
[43:22] | Go back, go back! | 倒车 倒车 |
[43:24] | What? | 怎么了 |
[43:25] | Just go back. | 倒就是了 |
[43:32] | – Look, look! – What? | -看 看啊 -什么 |
[43:34] | Look! There he is! | 瞧啊 那就是他 |
[43:45] | At least now we know what he looks like. | 至少我们知道他长什么样了 |
[44:04] | Hi, this is Brian Speer of Gold Coast Realty. | 你好 金海岸不动产 我是布莱恩·斯皮尔 |
[44:07] | Sorry I missed your call. | 抱歉没能接听您的来电 |
[44:09] | Leave a message with your name, | 有事请留言 包括您的姓名 |
[44:10] | your number and time that you called… | 电话号码 和来电时间 |
[44:11] | …and I’ll get back to you just as soon as I can. | 我会尽快给您回电 |
[44:14] | Mahalo. | 谢谢 |
[44:17] | Hi, Brian. | 你好 布莱恩 |
[44:19] | My name’s Herb Fitzmorris | 我是赫伯·菲兹摩利斯 |
[44:21] | and I’m interested in your house on Koloa Street | 我对你柯乐亚街的房子感兴趣 |
[44:24] | the one with the cool fence and gate. | 就是围墙和大门很气派的那栋 |
[44:28] | I’m at 6-4-5-2-7-9-6. | 我的号码是6452796 |
[44:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[45:20] | Girls, let me go in for just a quick moment alone first. | 姑娘们 先让我单独进去待一小会儿 |
[45:23] | I’ll be right out. | 马上出来 |
[45:36] | You were going to ask me for a divorce? | 你要跟我离婚吗 |
[45:37] | So you could be with some fucking fuckhead Brian Speer? | 好跟那个傻逼布莱恩·斯皮尔在一起吗 |
[45:41] | Are you kidding me? | 你耍我是吧 |
[45:44] | Who are you? | 你个什么玩意儿 |
[45:46] | The only thing I know for sure is you’re a goddamned liar. | 毫无疑问 你他妈是个骗子 |
[45:53] | So what do you have to say for yourself? | 你还想怎样为自己开脱 |
[45:56] | Go ahead, make a little joke… | 说啊 开个玩笑 |
[45:58] | …tell me that I’ve got it all wrong. | 说我搞错了 |
[46:00] | Tell me again that I’m too out of touch with my feelings | 说啊 说我冷漠 |
[46:05] | and I need to go to therapy. | 说我该去接受心理治疗 |
[46:08] | Isn’t the idea of marriage to | 婚姻的目的不就是 |
[46:10] | make your partner’s way in life a little easier? | 双方相互扶持 共度一生吗 |
[46:12] | For me it was always harder with you | 可对我而言 你总是为难我 |
[46:15] | and you’re still making it harder. | 现在还是如此 |
[46:19] | Lying there on a ventilator and fucking up my life. | 躺在那儿插着呼吸机 把我累得半死 |
[46:22] | You’re relentless. | 算你狠 |
[46:27] | You know what? I was going to ask you for a divorce some day. | 知道吗 我本来也想跟你离婚的 |
[46:40] | Daddy’s little girl. | 狗屁好孩子 |
[46:46] | I’m gonna bring your daughters in now. | 我去把你的女儿们叫进来 |
[46:48] | Alex is home from school. | 艾里克斯从学校回来了 |
[46:50] | Try to be nice, okay? | 别找事儿 拜托 |
[47:09] | Okay? | 来吧 |
[47:10] | Hi, Mom! Look who’s here. | 妈妈 瞧瞧谁来了 |
[47:27] | Say something Alex. Tell her how you were drunk the other night. | 说话啊艾里克斯 告诉她你那晚喝醉的事 |
[47:30] | Tell her maybe you’re an alcoholic. | 跟她说你可能是个酒鬼 |
[47:32] | Girls, be serious. | 孩子们 别闹了 |
[47:36] | Hi, Mom. | 你好啊 妈妈 |
[47:39] | Sorry for being bad. | 抱歉没听你话 |
[47:44] | Sorry for wasting your money on expensive private schools. | 抱歉浪费你的钱上昂贵的私立学校 |
[47:48] | Money you could have used on facials and massages and… | 你本来可以用这些钱做美容和按摩 |
[47:51] | …sports equipment. | 买运动器材 |
[47:53] | – Sorry for everything. – Okay. | -我真的很抱歉 -好了 |
[47:55] | I’m sorry that we weren’t good enough for you… especially Dad. | 抱歉我们配不上你 尤其是爸爸 |
[47:58] | – Stop it. That’s out of line. – Or what? | -够了 你过分了 -怎么了 |
[48:00] | You going to ground me? | 要关我禁闭 |
[48:01] | Or ship me off to another boarding school? | 还是要把我扔到另一家寄宿学校 |
[48:03] | You going to give me a time out? | 还是体罚 |
[48:04] | Goddammit! | 死孩子 |
[48:07] | You got served! | 打屁屁喽 |
[48:09] | Scottie, out in the hall. | 斯考蒂 去走廊等着 |
[48:10] | – She’s the one out of line. – Go find Sid. | -说错话的人是她 -去找席德 |
[48:13] | He’s smoking. | 他在抽烟 |
[48:13] | – I shouldn’t be around second-hand smoke. – Go! Just go! Now! | -不能靠近二手烟 -出去 快 |
[48:15] | – Now! Now! Go! – No. | -马上 快点儿 -讨厌 |
[48:19] | Did you just spank me? | 你居然打我 |
[48:20] | You have no right to talk to your mother that way. | 你无权跟你妈妈那样讲话 |
[48:22] | She’s going to die in a few days. | 她过几天就要死了 |
[48:23] | What if those were your last words? | 如果你再没机会跟她说话了呢 |
[48:24] | I have every right to speak her that way. | 我完全有权这么跟她说 |
[48:26] | I’m angry at her. How can you be so forgiving? | 我恨她 你怎么能这么宽宏大量呢 |
[48:29] | I’ll be angry later. | 我回头再生气 |
[48:30] | Right now let’s just think about the good parts. | 现在就让我们只想好的方面 |
[48:31] | And don’t say that stuff in front of your sister. | 还有 别当着你妹妹的面说那些话 |
[48:34] | Don’t spoil her for Scottie. | 别毁了她在斯考蒂心目中的形象 |
[48:40] | Say something different. | 说点别的 |
[48:50] | Look, Mom, I know we fought a lot… | 妈妈 我们经常吵架 |
[48:54] | I just I always wanted to be like you. | 但我一直希望能像你一样 |
[48:57] | I am like you. I’m exactly like you. | 我确实像你 一模一样 |
[49:04] | You are like her. | 你是像她 |
[49:06] | Mostly in good ways. | 大部分是优点 |
[49:08] | Maybe some bad ways. Remains to be seen. | 或许也有些缺点 有待观察 |
[49:15] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[49:24] | Dad, this is Reina. | 爸爸 这是瑞纳 |
[49:26] | Reina, this’s my sister and Sid, | 瑞纳 这是我姐姐和席德 |
[49:28] | and that’s my mom on the bed. | 床上的是我妈妈 |
[49:30] | Hi everybody. | 大家好 |
[49:31] | Hello. | 你好 |
[49:40] | So this is your mother? | 这就是你妈妈 |
[49:42] | I guess it’s true. | 看来是真的了 |
[49:44] | Should I shake her hand? | 我该跟她握手吗 |
[49:46] | If you want. | 随便你 |
[49:48] | No, thanks. | 算了 谢谢 |
[49:49] | So, Reina, I understand your grandmother’s not feeling well. | 瑞纳 我听说你奶奶病了 |
[49:54] | Yeah. It’s pretty bad. She got her stomach operated on | 是啊 挺严重的 她的胃动了手术 |
[49:57] | and then got some stupid infection or something. | 然后好像是感染了 |
[50:00] | It’s pretty gross. | 挺恶心的 |
[50:02] | Well, Reina, thank you for stopping by… | 瑞纳 谢谢你过来 |
[50:05] | …Scottie, let me give you some money, | 斯考蒂 我给你点钱 |
[50:07] | and you two can go get ice cream… | 你们去买冰淇淋吃吧 |
[50:08] | Too many carbs. | 含糖太多 |
[50:11] | Too many carbs? | 含糖太多 |
[50:13] | Well, you could go to the cafeteria and get some lettuce. | 那你们也可以去餐厅买点生菜 |
[50:18] | That’s okay. I’m done. | 不用了 我走了 |
[50:20] | You aren’t a liar after all. | 看来你没撒谎 |
[50:22] | Don’t you want to hang out? | 不想一起玩儿会吗 |
[50:23] | No, I should go. I’ll see you at the club. | 不 我得走了 我们俱乐部见 |
[50:26] | Hope your mom gets better. | 希望你妈妈能好起来 |
[50:27] | Bye everybody. | 大家伙 再见 |
[50:32] | Scottie, what’d she mean by you aren’t a liar after all? | 斯考蒂 她说你没撒谎是什么意思 |
[50:35] | What did she think you were lying about? | 她以为你撒什么谎了 |
[50:37] | She didn’t believe Mom was sleeping. | 她不相信妈妈昏迷了 |
[50:40] | So you had to prove to that twat that Mom’s in a coma? | 那你就非得向那个傻逼证明妈妈昏迷不醒吗 |
[50:42] | What the fuck is in your skull, a bunch of stupid pills? | 你脑袋里都他妈装什么了 脑白残吗 |
[50:45] | Shut up, you motherless whore! | 闭嘴 你个没娘的婊子 |
[50:47] | Whoa, whoa, easy there, half-pipe. | 别激动啊 小鬼 |
[50:50] | Where’d you learn how to talk like that? | 你刚才那句是跟谁学的 |
[51:10] | – No, no, no. – Hello? | -别别 -你好 |
[51:13] | No, this is the right number. | 不 您没打错 |
[51:15] | No, I’m his assistant Sharon. How may I help you? | 不 我是他助理莎伦 有事吗 |
[51:18] | Who is it? | 是谁啊 |
[51:23] | Oh, all right, all right. So one or the other. | 好的 好的 两种方式 |
[51:27] | Okay, I’ll tell him. Mahalo! | 好的 我会转告的 谢谢 |
[51:31] | That was Bonnie Tanaka, a realtor. | 邦妮·田中 一个房屋中介 |
[51:33] | She says that Mr. Speer is | 她说斯皮尔先生 |
[51:34] | going to be on Kauai for the next week but… | 下周都在考艾岛 但是 |
[51:37] | …she’d be happy to show you the house or… | 她很乐意带你去看房 或者 |
[51:38] | …you can stop by the open house on Sunday. | 周日开放参观时你可以去看看 |
[52:13] | Hi Mr. King. | 金先生 你好 |
[52:15] | Hello, Buzz. | 你好 巴兹 |
[52:16] | Sorry about Mrs. King. | 金太太的事真令人遗憾 |
[52:17] | Hope she gets better real soon. | 希望她能尽快好转 |
[52:19] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[52:21] | It really blows. | 真是太糟糕了 |
[52:24] | I know. | 是啊 |
[52:28] | You’ve all ask questions about of Elizabeth. | 你们都问起过伊丽莎白的情况 |
[52:31] | And I’ve given vague answers. | 我一直都含糊其辞 |
[52:33] | But I ask you all here today to tell you that… | 今天请你们都过来是想告诉你们 |
[52:38] | …her coma is permanent. | 她不会醒过来了 |
[52:41] | She’s not going to make it. | 她挺不过去了 |
[52:44] | So, this week… | 所以 这周 |
[52:46] | …tomorrow, in fact… | 实际上 就是明天 |
[52:49] | as for her her wishes, | 我们将遵从她的意愿 |
[52:51] | we’re going to unhook her from life-support. | 拔掉维持她生命的机器 |
[52:58] | You all know Elizabeth… | 你们都了解伊丽莎白 |
[52:59] | …she has to do everything on her own. | 她凡事总要亲力亲为 |
[53:07] | I wanted to tell you all in person, cause | 我想当面告诉你们 因为 |
[53:10] | you’re all our dear friends, you’re our best friends. | 你们都是我们亲爱的朋友 是我们最好的朋友 |
[53:15] | The girls and I are so much appreciate | 我和孩子们十分感激 |
[53:16] | everything that you’ve done for us in the last few weeks… | 你们过去几周来为我们做的一切 |
[53:21] | bringing food, and calling… | 带来食物 来电安慰我们 |
[53:25] | Can we go see her? | 我们能去看她吗 |
[53:26] | Yes, yes, for God’s sake, yes. That’s the whole point. | 可以 当然可以 这就是我最想说的 |
[53:31] | Go see her as soon as possible. That’s what I wanted to tell you. | 去见见她 越快越好 这就是我想告诉你们的 |
[53:33] | All of you. | 你们所有人 |
[53:35] | It should be now, not after. | 就现在 别等了 |
[53:40] | Everyone who loves Elizabeth deserves a chance to say goodbye. | 跟伊丽莎白道别 是每个爱她的人应得的权利 |
[54:14] | You’ve lost your mind. | 你疯了 |
[54:16] | You mean him? Tell him to come say goodbye? | 你是说他 让他来道别吗 |
[54:20] | Look, I’ll be gone a day or so. | 听着 我也就离开一天左右 |
[54:21] | I’ll leave in the morning, and I’ll be back tomorrow night. | 我早上走 明晚就能回来 |
[54:23] | If it takes another day, | 如果一天找不到 |
[54:25] | fine… I’ll give it two days tops. | 那么 我最多找两天 |
[54:26] | If I don’t find him, at least I tried. | 就算找不到 至少我尽力了 |
[54:29] | Drop it, Dad. | 算了吧 爸爸 |
[54:30] | You’ve got way bigger fish to fry | 比起找布莱恩·斯皮尔那个混蛋对峙 |
[54:31] | than confronting fucking Brian Speer. | 你还有更重要的事要做 |
[54:35] | Are you recording this? | 你在录音吗 |
[54:37] | I’m summarizine a deposition. | 我在总结证词 |
[54:39] | How can you work in a time like this? | 你这种时候还工作得进去 |
[54:41] | How can you go to a movie? | 那你怎么还有心情看电影 |
[54:43] | To get Scottie out of the house. | 是为了带斯考蒂出去转转 |
[54:45] | And you actually want to tell him to come back and see Mom. | 你真的想让他来看妈妈吗 |
[54:49] | I think… | 我想 |
[54:52] | I just think she would want him to know. | 我想她会希望让他知道 |
[54:55] | Just call his office and tell him it’s an emergency. | 那就打去他办公室 告诉他有急事 |
[55:00] | No, on the phone he can escape. | 不 在电话里他可以逃避 |
[55:02] | In person he’s got nowhere to go. I want to see his face. | 面对面他就无处可逃了 我想看他有什么反应 |
[55:10] | Then I want to go too. | 那我也要去 |
[55:12] | No, you are gonna stay here with Scottie. | 不行 你留在这照看斯考蒂 |
[55:14] | Fuck that. Let’s all get out of town. | 不管 我们都去 |
[55:41] | Yo, Matt King! | 马特·金 |
[55:45] | – Hey, Ralph! – Hey! | -拉尔夫 -你好 |
[55:47] | – Yeah, how is it? – Good. | -最近怎么样 -挺好 |
[55:49] | – Glad to see you. – You too. | -见到你真高兴 -我也是 |
[55:49] | Kids, you remember your cousin Ralph. | 孩子们 记得拉尔夫叔叔吗 |
[55:51] | – Oh, yeah, Hi! – Yeah. Hey, yeah. Good to see you! | -你们好 -记得 见到你真高兴 |
[55:53] | So what you guys doing here? | 你们来这儿干什么 |
[55:54] | Just came over for a day or two. | 来玩一两天 |
[55:55] | Yeah, I just got back from Kahului. | 我刚从卡胡卢伊回来 |
[55:57] | – Yeah? – A little business over there.. | -是吗 -办了点儿事 |
[55:58] | Yeah. So you here to talk to some of the cousins? | 你是来找亲戚们谈的吗 |
[56:01] | Make sure everybody’s happy with your choice? | 确认大家是不是满意你的决定 |
[56:03] | Pay your respects to Cousin Hugh? | 跟休老兄问个好 |
[56:04] | No, nothing like that. | 不 不是为了那个 |
[56:05] | Just a little holoholo. Get the kids out of town. | 就是来玩玩 带孩子出来转转 |
[56:07] | But it is Holitzer, right? | 要卖给霍利泽吧 |
[56:09] | We all know it’s Holitzer. | 我们都知道要卖给霍利泽 |
[56:10] | Cousin Hugh wants him, they go way back. | 休老兄也赞成 他们是老相识了 |
[56:12] | I got my misgivings, somehow. | 我倒有些顾虑 |
[56:13] | There’s an argument to be made for maxing it out. | 大家还在争论是不是卖给出价最高的人 |
[56:15] | You know, we only do this once in a lifetime. | 毕竟这是一生仅有一次的决定 |
[56:16] | Yeah, no, I want to work with you guys, Ralph, I really do. | 是啊 我也想跟你们好好商量 拉尔夫 真的 |
[56:19] | Whatever the majority decides after the Poll, | 投票之后 不管哪方占多数 |
[56:21] | I’ll go along with it. | 我都会赞成的 |
[56:23] | Let’s just get it over with. | 只想赶快结束这桩买卖 |
[56:24] | All right. | 明白 |
[56:26] | How’s Elizabeth doing? She going to be okay? | 伊丽莎白怎么样了 她会没事吧 |
[56:28] | The same. | 老样子 |
[56:29] | Well, she’s a tough gal, man. She’ll be okay, yeah? | 她很坚强 她不会有事的 |
[56:31] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[56:32] | Where you guys going, Hanalei? | 你们要去哪 哈纳雷吗 |
[56:34] | Princeville. | 普林斯威尔 |
[56:35] | Come on. I’ll give you a ride. | 走吧 我送你们一程 |
[56:37] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -当然 |
[56:38] | Come on, kids. | 来 孩子们 |
[56:39] | Cousin Ralph give us a ride. | 拉尔夫叔叔要送我们一程 |
[56:59] | – Hey, Ralph! – Yeah. | -拉尔夫 -怎么了 |
[57:01] | Turn off over here. Let’s go see the land. | 在这转弯 我们去看看那片地吧 |
[57:03] | Take a last look, huh? | 最后再看一眼吗 |
[57:06] | You got time? | 你有时间吗 |
[57:07] | I got nothing but time. | 有的是 |
[57:30] | I think this is where a golf course is gonna go. | 高尔夫球场大概会建在这儿 |
[57:33] | They want the golf course to rival Pebble Beach. | 希望能跟美国的卵石滩球场匹敌 |
[57:35] | You know, bring in the big boys. | 招揽那些富豪们 |
[58:04] | Scotty, come on sweetie. | 斯考蒂 过来 宝贝 |
[58:25] | Careful, Scotty, careful. | 小心 斯考蒂 慢点 |
[58:38] | Are you shitting me? | 简直太不可思议了 |
[58:39] | You guys own all this land? | 这片地都是你们的 |
[58:41] | Not personally. It belongs to a trust. | 不属于我们个人 属于一个信托基金 |
[58:45] | But yeah, it’s ours for a few more days. | 不过几天内还是我们的 |
[58:47] | Big resort there on that point. | 那边建大型度假村 |
[58:49] | Commercial area over there… | 那边是商业区 |
[58:50] | houses all through there. | 这一带都建别墅 |
[58:53] | There’s part of me agrees with the cousins who don’t want to sell. | 我心里也有几分赞同不肯卖地的亲戚 |
[58:55] | They’re going to make a pretty big stink at the meeting. | 他们在集会上肯定不会善罢甘休 |
[58:57] | But we have to. | 但是我们非卖不可 |
[58:59] | The trust dissolves in seven years, | 信托基金七年后会被解除 |
[59:00] | and if we don’t sell, it’s just gonna be a train rack. | 如果不卖 这么好的地段就白白浪费了 |
[59:03] | It is a shame, yeah? | 那就太可惜了 |
[59:05] | On the other hand… | 再说了 |
[59:06] | …it’s just sitting there. No one’s using it. | 闲置着 没人去 也不是个事儿 |
[59:09] | At least this way the whole world will be able to enjoy it. | 卖掉后至少全世界的人都能来欣赏这的美景 |
[59:12] | Take a good look, girls. | 好好看看吧 姑娘们 |
[59:15] | This is part of your | 这一块地是你们 |
[59:16] | great-great-great grandmother’s inheritance… | 曾曾曾祖母的遗产 |
[59:19] | …going all way back to Kamehameha I. | 那时卡美哈美哈一世当权 |
[59:23] | Down there is where Mom and I would camp. | 那就是我跟妈妈野营的地方 |
[59:26] | We all did, all our lives. | 是啊 我们都在那待过 |
[59:28] | Lots of memories. | 那有很多回忆 |
[59:33] | Everything has it’s time. | 天下无不散之筵席 |
[59:38] | What about me? | 那我呢 |
[59:39] | I want to camp. | 我也想去野营 |
[1:00:31] | By the way. I’m supposed to | 对了 我要见 |
[1:00:32] | meet a friend of mine,I think he is staying here. | 一个朋友 他应该也住这里 |
[1:00:35] | And his name is Brian Speer. | 他叫布莱恩·斯皮尔 |
[1:00:36] | S-p-e-e-r S-p-e-e-r. | |
[1:00:43] | Sorry Mr King, I’m not showing anybody that name. | 抱歉金先生 没有这个人 |
[1:00:46] | Okay, thanks. | 好吧 谢谢 |
[1:00:57] | Hey, Scottie. | 斯考蒂 |
[1:00:59] | What’s in your suit? | 你泳衣里是什么 |
[1:01:01] | They are my beach boobs. | 我的沙滩胸器 |
[1:01:02] | Take them out of there. Right now. | 把那玩意儿弄掉 快点 |
[1:01:05] | Jesus Alex, why’d you let her do that? | 你也是的 艾里克斯 干嘛由着她的性子来 |
[1:01:07] | You too, Sid. | 还有你 席德 |
[1:01:07] | I do not know. Take them out, stupid! | 我不知道 快把沙子弄出来 傻瓜 |
[1:01:09] | Yeah, Scottie. Big boobs look kind of fatty. | 是啊 斯考蒂 大胸会让人显得胖 |
[1:01:20] | Any luck? | 有线索了吗 |
[1:01:22] | No. The hotel was a dead end, | 没有 宾馆里是没戏了 |
[1:01:23] | but I took another shot with his office. | 我又打到他办公室问了下 |
[1:01:25] | He’s definitely renting a house in Hanalei. | 他在哈纳雷肯定租了房子 |
[1:01:28] | Probably one of that cottages around the bay. | 有可能是海湾边的别墅 |
[1:01:33] | I think we should go for a walk. | 我们去走走吧 |
[1:01:35] | Yeah, let’s go. | 好吧 |
[1:01:38] | Scottie? | 斯考蒂 |
[1:01:45] | Can we swim with the sharks? | 我们能和鲨鱼一起游泳吗 |
[1:01:47] | I read in the hotel magazine | 我在宾馆杂志里读到过 |
[1:01:49] | how they like put you in the cage in the water… | 他们把你装进笼子 放入水下 |
[1:01:52] | …and they throw shark feed around | 在周边撒上鲨鱼饲料 |
[1:01:54] | and sharks swim right up to you. | 鲨鱼就会直接冲你游过来了 |
[1:01:56] | Can we do that? | 我们能试试吗 |
[1:01:57] | Scottie, we’re not really here to do stuff like that. | 斯考蒂 我们不是来玩儿的 |
[1:02:01] | What are we gonna do then? | 那我们要做什么 |
[1:02:19] | How did you and mom meet? | 你跟妈妈是怎么认识的 |
[1:02:20] | I was with a law school buddy from the mainland, | 我当时跟一个法学院的大陆同学在一起 |
[1:02:25] | We were just coming in from paddling, | 我们刚冲完浪上岸 |
[1:02:27] | and your mom was on her way out, and she | 你妈妈正好要下水 |
[1:02:29] | looked at me and said, Do you think it’s going to snow today? | 她看着我问道 你觉得今天会下雪吗 |
[1:02:33] | Did you think she’s pretty? | 你觉得她那时候漂亮吗 |
[1:02:35] | Oh, She knocked me out. | 把我的魂儿都勾走了 |
[1:02:40] | I like her stories. | 我喜欢听她讲故事 |
[1:02:41] | Like how she streaked in wedding. | 比如她在婚礼上一路狂奔 |
[1:02:43] | Oh my God! | 我的天呐 |
[1:02:44] | There are so many like that. | 这样的回忆太多了 |
[1:02:49] | Your mom get chased by a shark once… | 你妈有次还被鲨鱼追过 |
[1:02:50] | What? When was that? | 什么 啥时候的事 |
[1:02:53] | We were with Mark and Kai, | 我们当时跟马克还有卡伊在一起 |
[1:02:56] | and your mom was out surfing | 你妈出去冲浪时 |
[1:02:57] | and saw a shark right beneath her on a wave… | 发现浪下紧跟一条鲨鱼 |
[1:03:17] | Let’s watch one of these! | 咱们就选一部看吧 |
[1:03:18] | No, We’re not watching porn. | 不行 不能看毛片 |
[1:03:20] | – Give me that. – No. | -遥控器给我 -不 |
[1:03:23] | Reina’s dad watches pornes. | 瑞纳的爸爸就看毛片 |
[1:03:25] | Reina calls them masturbation movies. | 她说那叫自慰电影 |
[1:03:28] | She plays them when her parents aren’t home | 她爸妈不在家时她就放着看 |
[1:03:30] | and one time invited boys over to see if they grew down there. | 有一次还叫了群男生过去好看他们发育了没 |
[1:03:34] | One did. | 有个男生达标了 |
[1:03:35] | Reina sounds awesome. | 这个瑞纳太厉害了 |
[1:03:37] | Were you there? Did you watch one of those movies? | 你也在那吗 你也看了那种电影吗 |
[1:03:40] | No. | 没 |
[1:03:41] | Hey! Scottie! | 听着 斯考蒂 |
[1:03:43] | Reina is a fucked-up ho-bag, | 瑞纳是个彻彻底底的婊子 |
[1:03:45] | and you need to stay away from her. | 你离她远点 |
[1:03:46] | And she is going to be a meth-head, | 她注定会成为瘾君子 |
[1:03:48] | and she’s going to get used by stupid guys. | 还会被一群傻子利用 |
[1:03:50] | She’s a twat. Say it. | 她是个贱货 说 |
[1:03:53] | She’s a twat. | 她是个贱货 |
[1:03:54] | Okay. | 好了 |
[1:03:56] | – She’s a twat,twat,twat! – Okay, okay. Stop it! | -她是个贱货 贱货 贱货 -够了 够了 闭嘴 |
[1:03:58] | twat,twat,twat,twat, | 贱货 贱货 贱货 贱货 |
[1:03:59] | twat,twat,twat,twat… | 贱货 贱货 贱货 贱货 |
[1:04:02] | I don’t get it. I don’t know what to do… | 我真是不理解 我不知道怎么办才好 |
[1:04:05] | …these things she does. What goes on in her head? | 她的行为 她在想什么呢 |
[1:04:08] | You weren’t like that. | 你小时候就不那样儿 |
[1:04:10] | It’ll go away. | 会没事的 |
[1:04:11] | I’m not so sure. | 天晓得 |
[1:04:13] | I mean, look how you kids talk in front of me… | 瞧瞧你们这帮孩子在我面前都说了什么 |
[1:04:14] | …it’s like you don’t respect authority. | 一点都不把我放在眼里 |
[1:04:55] | Checking on me or something? | 你是来查寝的吗 |
[1:04:58] | I’ve been having trouble sleeping lately. | 我最近经常失眠 |
[1:05:01] | Understandable. | 理解 |
[1:05:19] | I’m worried about my daughters. | 我担心我的女儿们 |
[1:05:22] | I think there’s something wrong with them. | 我觉得她们有些不太正常 |
[1:05:25] | I used to do a bunch of messed-up shit when I was a kid. | 我小时候曾是混世魔王 |
[1:05:29] | I still do. | 现在仍是一样 |
[1:05:31] | It’s going to get worse after your wife dies. | 你妻子死后 情况还会更糟 |
[1:05:36] | What does Alex really think about | 对于这些事 艾里克斯 |
[1:05:37] | all the stuff that’s going on? What does she say? | 究竟是怎么想的 她都说了些什么 |
[1:05:39] | She doesn’t. | 她什么都没说 |
[1:05:40] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[1:05:41] | I thought she talks to you all the time. | 我以为她什么都跟你说 |
[1:05:44] | We don’t really talk about our issues. | 我们不太谈论各自的私事 |
[1:05:46] | We just, I don’t know, we deal with our | 反正我们不顺心的时候 |
[1:05:48] | shit by talking about other stuff and having a good time. | 就谈点儿别的或者找点儿乐子 |
[1:05:56] | What would you do if you were me? | 你要是我 会怎么做 |
[1:05:59] | How would you handle my daughters? | 怎么教育我的女儿 |
[1:06:02] | How would you handle | 怎么处置 |
[1:06:03] | the situation of this guy we’re trying to find? | 我们在找的这个人家伙 |
[1:06:06] | I told you, man. | 早跟你说了嘛 哥们儿 |
[1:06:07] | I put the his nuts on a dresser | 我会把他的蛋蛋放到梳妆台上 |
[1:06:09] | and beat them with a spike bat. | 然后用狼牙棒狠砸一通 |
[1:06:12] | As for your daughters, I don’t know. | 至于你的女儿 怎么说呢 |
[1:06:15] | Exchange them for sons, I guess. | 不如拿她们换俩儿子吧 |
[1:06:17] | Then I probably end up with something like you. | 那说不定就换成你这样的了 |
[1:06:20] | I’m not so bad. | 我也不错啊 |
[1:06:21] | I’m smart. | 我很聪明的 |
[1:06:23] | You’re about a hundred miles away from Smartville. No offense. | 不是我说 你离聪明还差了十万八千里呢 |
[1:06:26] | You’re mistaken, counselor. | 你错了 律师 |
[1:06:29] | I’m smart. I have good hygiene. | 我很聪明 人又干净 |
[1:06:33] | I’m an decent guitar player, | 我是个很棒的吉他手 |
[1:06:35] | a good cook. I cook food all the time. | 还做得一手好菜 我经常做饭 |
[1:06:39] | I’m vice-president of the Punahou chess club. | 我是普纳荷棋社的副社长 |
[1:06:42] | And I always have weed. | 我总能弄到大麻 |
[1:06:45] | Your mom must be very proud. | 你妈妈肯定十分骄傲 |
[1:06:48] | It’s possible. | 可能吧 |
[1:06:50] | I mean, she’s been kind of busy lately. | 我妈这段时间有些忙 |
[1:06:53] | Yes. What does she do, your mom? | 你妈是做什么工作的 |
[1:06:55] | She’s a receptionist at a pet clinic. | 她是宠物医院的前台人员 |
[1:06:57] | But lately she’s been | 但在最近我爸去世之后 |
[1:06:58] | getting the house together after my dad died. | 她一直忙着处理家务事 |
[1:07:01] | My dad died a few months ago. | 我爸是几个月前走的 |
[1:07:07] | November 24th. | 十一月二十四号 |
[1:07:09] | Drunk driver. | 酒后驾车 |
[1:07:11] | Actually both drivers were drunk. Yeah. | 实际上两方都喝酒了 |
[1:07:32] | Good night, Sid. | 晚安 席德 |
[1:07:34] | Good night, boss. | 晚安 老大 |
[1:07:39] | I’ll see you in the morning. | 明早见 |
[1:10:36] | Stay in the zone, please! | 一定要待在游泳区内 |
[1:10:37] | That means you, Skylar. And you too, Colt. | 说的就是你 斯凯勒 还有你 柯尔特 |
[1:10:44] | Watch your sister, I’ll be right back. | 看好你妹妹 我马上回来 |
[1:11:05] | Looks like you got your hands full with those two. | 这俩孩子没少让你操心吧 |
[1:11:08] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[1:11:11] | Must keep you pretty busy. | 一定忙得不可开交吧 |
[1:11:13] | They’re pretty non-stop, but they’re at a really fun age. | 他们简直精力过剩 但这个年纪都这样 |
[1:11:17] | How old are they? | 他们几岁 |
[1:11:18] | Eight and ten. | 小的八岁 大的十岁 |
[1:11:20] | I have two girls. | 我有两个女儿 |
[1:11:22] | Ten and seventeen. | 一个十岁 一个十七 |
[1:11:23] | That whole non-stop thing. That never changes. | 就精力过剩来说 大了也还是一样 |
[1:11:28] | You guys live here? | 你们住在这吗 |
[1:11:29] | – Oahu. – Oh, so do we. | -我们住在欧胡岛 -我们也是 |
[1:11:35] | Yeah, I’m just getting my girls out of town for a couple days. | 我带她们出来玩儿几天 |
[1:11:37] | Their mother is in the hospital, | 孩子她妈住院了 |
[1:11:39] | so I thought I’d give them a little break. | 我想让她们出来透透气 |
[1:11:40] | Oh, no. | 那真要命 |
[1:11:43] | What’s wrong? If you don’t mind my asking. | 什么病 如果你不介意的话 |
[1:11:46] | Just a little boating accident. Hit her head a little too hard. | 小船舶事故 撞到头 比较严重 |
[1:11:52] | A sailboat? | 帆船吗 |
[1:11:53] | Or one with a motor? | 还是汽艇 |
[1:11:57] | One with a motor. | 汽艇 |
[1:11:59] | Well, good luck with that. I wish her well. | 祝她好运 希望她早日康复 |
[1:12:03] | Not so far, Skylar. | 别游太远了 斯凯勒 |
[1:12:09] | You guys staying in one of the cottages here? | 你们住在这边的海景别墅里吗 |
[1:12:12] | Yes, my husband had to come here for work, | 是啊 我老公来这出差 |
[1:12:14] | so we thought we’d all make a little vacation of it. | 所以我们顺便全家过来度个小假 |
[1:12:18] | He knows the owner, so… | 他认识房东 所以 |
[1:12:19] | – Hugh King. – That’s right. | -休·金 -就是他 |
[1:12:21] | He’s my cousin. | 他是我堂兄 |
[1:12:22] | Oh. You probably know my husband then, Brian Speer? | 那你应该认识我老公 他叫布莱恩·斯皮尔 |
[1:12:29] | No, I can’t say I do. | 不 不认识 |
[1:12:32] | Oh, I just assumed, since he’s been… | 我只是猜想 他一直 |
[1:12:34] | Dad! | 爸爸 |
[1:12:36] | Something bit me! | 有东西咬我 |
[1:12:38] | Nice talking to you. | 很高兴跟你聊天 |
[1:12:41] | You too. Take care. | 我也是 保重 |
[1:13:33] | There’s Cousin Hugh. | 休伯伯在那边 |
[1:13:34] | Get us a table. Order me something. | 找张桌子坐 帮我点点儿东西 |
[1:13:36] | What do you want? | 你想吃什么 |
[1:13:36] | Anything. | 随便 |
[1:13:45] | Hey, Hugh? | 休 |
[1:13:46] | Heeey! Mattie-boy! | 这不是小马吗 |
[1:13:49] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么来了 |
[1:13:51] | I didn’t expect to see you until the meeting. | 我还以为集会时才能见到你呢 |
[1:13:53] | Just getting the girls out of the hospital for a couple days, | 一直陪在医院 想带孩子们出来转转 |
[1:13:55] | – Oh, these are… – Scottie and Alex. | -她们在那儿 -斯考蒂和艾里克斯 |
[1:13:58] | Big girls now! | 长成大姑娘了 |
[1:14:00] | Yes, just needed a change of scenery. | 是啊 想换换眼前的风景 |
[1:14:02] | Yeah, boy, what you’ve been going through. That’s a tough deal. | 也是 你所经历的 确实不容易 |
[1:14:05] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[1:14:06] | But Elizabeth, | 但是伊丽莎白 |
[1:14:07] | she’s a tough gal, I’ll tell you that. | 我跟你说 她是个很坚强的女人 |
[1:14:09] | A fighter. She’ll make it. | 是位斗士 她会挺过来的 |
[1:14:12] | Get you a drink? | 来杯喝的吧 |
[1:14:13] | Yes, whatever you have. | 好啊 什么都行 |
[1:14:15] | Julia? | 茱莉亚 |
[1:14:17] | – An old-fashioned for my cousin here. – All right. | -老规矩 给兄弟来杯 -马上来 |
[1:14:20] | – Glad to see you, Matt. – Me too. | -很高兴见到你 马特 -我也是 |
[1:14:23] | How you been otherwise? | 除此之外过得还好吧 |
[1:14:25] | Not much otherwise. | 没什么特别的 |
[1:14:26] | Between our business and the hospital, | 不过是工作医院两点一线 |
[1:14:28] | you know, trying to keep my head above water. | 维持生计罢了 |
[1:14:31] | Listen, I see you have some people staying in the cottage. | 对了 我看你把别墅租给别人了 |
[1:14:35] | Oh, hey, Mattie, if I’d known you were coming, I coulda… | 小马 要是我知道你要来的话 我可以 |
[1:14:37] | No, no, no, not that at all. | 不 不 我不是这个意思 |
[1:14:40] | I’m just wondering about the guy you’re renting to. | 我只是在想租房的这个人 |
[1:14:42] | I think his name is Brian Speer. | 叫布莱恩·斯皮尔是吧 |
[1:14:45] | Yeah, yeah, real determined son-of-a-bitch. | 没错 挺有决心的一个混小子 |
[1:14:49] | He’s Lou’s sister’s… | 他是卢的妹妹的 |
[1:14:51] | No, wait. Lou has a sister, and the sister’s husband, | 不 等等 卢有个妹妹 她的老公 |
[1:14:54] | Lou’s brother-in-law is cousins with that guy. | 是卢的妹夫的表兄弟 |
[1:15:00] | Who’s Lou? | 卢是谁 |
[1:15:01] | No, wait. You mean the cottages | 等会 你说的是海边的别墅 |
[1:15:03] | on the bay or the cottage back by the trail? | 还是小路那边的别墅 |
[1:15:06] | The bay. The guy with the wife and two boys. | 海边的那栋 那人带着老婆和两个儿子 |
[1:15:09] | Yeah, that’s right. Determined son-of-a-bitch. | 是啊 没错 就是那个有决心的混小子 |
[1:15:13] | Anyway, the point is the guy we’re | 不管怎样 关键是跟我们谈生意的人 |
[1:15:14] | doing business with is that guy’s brother-in-law. | 是那个人的姐夫 |
[1:15:17] | Works for him. | 斯皮尔为他工作 |
[1:15:18] | What do you mean, the guy we’re doing business with? | 什么意思 跟我们谈生意的人 |
[1:15:20] | Who do you think? Don! Who else? Holitzer. | 你以为是谁 唐 还能是谁 霍利泽 |
[1:15:26] | Holitzer. | 霍利泽 |
[1:15:27] | That’s what I’m saying. | 没错 |
[1:15:29] | That’s Don’s brother-in-law in the cottage. | 别墅里住的是唐的小舅子 |
[1:15:32] | Brian Speer. | 布莱恩·斯皮尔 |
[1:15:33] | You don’t know him? I would have | 你不认识他 我还以为 |
[1:15:34] | thought you’d know him. He’s a realtor over by you. | 你认识他呢 他是你的房产经纪人 |
[1:15:36] | So if we sell to Don | 也就是说如果我们把产权卖给唐 |
[1:15:38] | and that’s what we’re going to do, right? | 我们马上要卖了 对吧 |
[1:15:39] | That’s what you want too. | 你也想卖给他吧 |
[1:15:41] | Nice guy, Don. He’ll do right by us. | 很好的人 唐 肯定能和我们一拍即合 |
[1:15:43] | Then when Don develops and resells and leases and all that… | 唐以后想要开发 转卖 出租什么的 |
[1:15:49] | He’s letting this brother-in-law | 都会让这个住在别墅里的小舅子 |
[1:15:50] | in the cottage handle the transactions. | 去处理交易过程 |
[1:15:52] | A lot of them, anyway. | 不管怎样 是比大买卖 |
[1:15:53] | Big score for that guy. | 那家伙可是赚大了 |
[1:16:05] | This afternoon we are very fortunate to have our nephew. | 今天下午很荣幸能和我们的侄子一起表演 |
[1:16:09] | This is Keola. | 这位是凯奥拉 |
[1:16:11] | Hugh, what’s he like? | 休 他是个什么样的人 |
[1:16:13] | Who? | 谁 |
[1:16:15] | Brian Speer. | 布莱恩·斯皮尔 |
[1:16:16] | What else do you know about him? | 关于他你还有什么了解 |
[1:16:18] | Not much. He’s lucky. | 没啥了 他很幸运 |
[1:16:19] | Son-of-a-bitch is going to make a shitload of money on commissions. | 那臭小子光是佣金就能赚个钵满盆满了 |
[1:16:25] | Not if we don’t go with that bid. | 如果不选他们 他就一无所获了 |
[1:16:30] | We all want Don. | 我们都站在唐一边 |
[1:16:33] | You do too, Matt. You’ve said as much. | 你也是 马特 你也说过 |
[1:16:40] | Yes. I’m just… You’re right. | 是的 我只是 你说得对 |
[1:16:49] | Hugh, it’s good to see you. | 休 很高兴见到你 |
[1:16:51] | You too. | 我也是 |
[1:16:54] | – See you at the meeting. – I’ll be there. | -集会时见 -我会到的 |
[1:17:23] | This place rocks. | 这地方太酷了 |
[1:17:26] | Totally. | 没错 |
[1:17:29] | We ordered you mahi. | 我们帮你点了鲯鳅鱼 |
[1:17:33] | Great. | 好 |
[1:18:02] | Well, guess what, that woman on the beach today… | 你猜怎么着 今天在沙滩上遇到的女人 |
[1:18:05] | That was his wife. | 是那个人的老婆 |
[1:18:06] | – Whose wife? – Brian Speer. | -谁的老婆 -布莱恩·斯皮尔 |
[1:18:08] | What? | 什么 |
[1:18:09] | The hottie with the hat? | 那个戴着帽子的美女吗 |
[1:18:10] | – Yes. – Are you sure? | -没错 -你确定吗 |
[1:18:11] | Yes. | 确定 |
[1:18:12] | So he’s married. | 这么说他结婚了 |
[1:18:14] | Why didn’t you say anything? | 你怎么不告诉她呢 |
[1:18:16] | It’s him I want to talk to, not her. | 我要找的是斯皮尔 不是她 |
[1:18:17] | I know where their cottage is. | 我知道他们的别墅在哪 |
[1:18:19] | You do? | 真的吗 |
[1:18:20] | So let’s do it right now. Let’s go knock on his door. | 那咱们现在就去吧 去他家找他 |
[1:18:22] | That’s what I’m saying. | 我还没说完呢 |
[1:18:25] | Don’t do that. Don’t be excited. This isn’t fun. | 别那样 别激动 这不是什么好玩儿的事 |
[1:18:27] | Well, it’s what we came here to do. | 我们来不就是为了这个吗 |
[1:18:29] | Right. | 也对 |
[1:18:31] | So you to talk to his wife while I talk to him. | 我去跟他谈 你把他老婆支开 |
[1:18:33] | And figure out some way to distract Scottie and their kids. | 想办法把斯考蒂和他的孩子引开 |
[1:18:36] | Got it. | 了解 |
[1:18:37] | Sid, come here. | 席德 过来 |
[1:18:40] | Give’em hell, boss. | 好好教训他一顿 老大 |
[1:18:41] | Come on, Sid. | 走啊 席德 |
[1:18:44] | Okay. | 走吧 |
[1:18:56] | I’m sorry for sucking you into this, | 抱歉把你也扯进来了 |
[1:18:58] | should be doing this alone. | 这事我本该自己解决 |
[1:18:59] | – It’s selfish of me. – I’m the one who sucked you in. | -我真自私 -是我把你拖进来的 |
[1:19:01] | I’m the one who knew. | 我才是知道真相的人 |
[1:19:10] | Don’t be a pussy. | 别跟个娘们儿似的 |
[1:19:12] | Hi there! | 你好 |
[1:19:15] | It’s the guy from the beach today. | 今天我们在海滩那边见过 |
[1:19:17] | Oh, hello. | 你好 |
[1:19:18] | Yeah, hey, I’m such an idiot. | 我真是太糊涂了 |
[1:19:21] | I just figured out I do know your husband. | 我才想起来我确实认识你丈夫 |
[1:19:24] | My daughter and I were on our way back to the | 我跟我女儿刚吃完晚饭准备回宾馆 |
[1:19:26] | hotel from dinner, and we thought we’d drop by and say howdy. | 想顺道过来打声招呼 |
[1:19:30] | Great. Come on up. | 太好了 上来吧 |
[1:19:33] | I’m Matt King. This is Alexandra. | 我是马特·金 这是亚历山德拉 |
[1:19:36] | I’m Julie Speer. | 朱丽·斯皮尔 |
[1:19:38] | Yeah, I thought that was you. | 我当时就觉得是你 |
[1:19:39] | You’ve been in the paper so much lately. | 你最近经常上报纸 |
[1:19:41] | I figured you had to know Brian. | 所以我猜你认识布莱恩 |
[1:19:43] | He’s been pretty involved. | 这事儿他参与了不少 |
[1:19:44] | Yeah, no, I know, yeah, super-involved. | 那是 他可是重要人物 |
[1:19:45] | Maybe I’ve met him in passing. I don’t know. | 也许我们有过一面之缘 可能吧 |
[1:19:48] | So, I guess you guys are deciding really soon. | 我猜你们很快就要做出决定了 |
[1:19:50] | A couple of days, right, you and your family meet? | 几天后你们家族内部集会 是吧 |
[1:19:53] | I’m sorry. That’s probably a conflict of interest or something. | 抱歉 这之间是不是有什么利益冲突 |
[1:19:56] | No, it’s okay. You’re right. | 不 没事 你说的对 |
[1:19:58] | It’ll all be over in a couple of days. | 几天后就都结束了 |
[1:20:01] | You guys want a lasagna? | 要不进来吃点千层面吧 |
[1:20:03] | No, thanks. We just ate, | 谢谢 不用了 我们刚吃过 |
[1:20:05] | A drink then. | 那喝一杯吧 |
[1:20:06] | Sure. | 好啊 |
[1:20:07] | Red wine, iced tea? | 红酒跟冰茶 |
[1:20:08] | Perfect. | 太好了 |
[1:20:12] | Hi, I’m Brian. | 你好 我是布莱恩 |
[1:20:13] | Brian, we may have met before. | 布莱恩 我们之前可能见过面 |
[1:20:16] | Matt King. | 我是马特·金 |
[1:20:17] | My wife is Elizabeth King. | 我老婆叫伊丽莎白·金 |
[1:20:19] | I think you may have met her too. | 我想你可能也见过 |
[1:20:21] | And this is her daughter, Alexandra. | 这是她女儿 亚历山德拉 |
[1:20:23] | I was just gonna get them some drinks. | 我正要去给他们拿些喝的 |
[1:20:26] | Good, good. Good. | 好的 好的 |
[1:20:28] | – Do you need help? – No, no, I got it. | -要帮忙吗 -没事 我自己就行 |
[1:20:33] | Elizabeth is dying. | 伊丽莎白快要死了 |
[1:20:37] | Oh, wait. Fuck you. | 忘说了 你个畜生 |
[1:20:39] | And she’s dying. | 她快要死了 |
[1:20:40] | We unhooked her from the machines this morning. | 我们今天早上停掉了她的呼吸机 |
[1:20:42] | She’ll be dead in a few days. | 她撑不了几天了 |
[1:20:47] | This is him? | 就是他吗 |
[1:20:48] | – How would she go for him? – Beats me. | -妈妈怎么会看上这种人 -我也想知道 |
[1:20:51] | Well, he’s very articulate. | 至少口齿还算伶俐 |
[1:20:55] | I’m sorry. I never thought it would come to this. | 很抱歉 我真没想到会变成这样 |
[1:20:58] | You’re sorry my mom’s going to die? | 抱歉什么 我妈要死了吗 |
[1:20:59] | You’re sorry you fucked her? You’re sorry you fucked over my dad? | 抱歉你勾搭上她 抱歉你俩背着我爸偷情吗 |
[1:21:03] | I’m sorry for all of it. | 为所有的一切我都感到抱歉 |
[1:21:04] | Look, pal, like she said, I’m not here to wreck your life. | 哥们儿 她也说了 我不是来扰乱你生活的 |
[1:21:06] | I just came to give you a chance to go to the hospital. | 我只是来给你个去医院探望她的机会 |
[1:21:09] | I don’t know how long you’re planning on being here, | 我不知道你们打算在这待多久 |
[1:21:11] | but I’m sure you can think of an excuse to leave. | 但我想你可以找个理由离开一下 |
[1:21:13] | You must be good at that. | 你肯定很擅长这么干 |
[1:21:14] | You can be alone with her to say goodbye or whatever. | 你可以单独陪她 道别 或者随便你 |
[1:21:18] | Do you hear what I’m saying? | 你听见我说的了吗 |
[1:21:19] | Okay, look, I can’t have you here. You understand. | 听见了 听着 我不能留你们了 你们明白 |
[1:21:23] | Here we go. | 饮料来了 |
[1:21:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:21:29] | Everyone’s so serious. | 怎么都这么严肃 |
[1:21:30] | Please don’t tell me you’re talking about business. | 别告诉我你们在聊公事 |
[1:21:33] | We’re talking about love. | 我们在聊爱情 |
[1:21:34] | This is nice. | 不错嘛 |
[1:21:35] | Brian, call the boys in for dinner. | 布莱恩 喊孩子们回来吃饭吧 |
[1:21:38] | They’re fine. Let them play a while longer. | 别管他们 让他们再玩会儿 |
[1:21:45] | Awesome cottage you’re renting. | 你们租的这别墅真不错 |
[1:21:47] | Yeah, say, prime Hanalei location. | 是啊 这可是哈纳雷的黄金地段 |
[1:21:49] | I used to come here as a kid before. It was a vacation property. | 我小时候常来这里 是个度假胜地 |
[1:21:53] | Alex, your great-uncle Warren | 艾里克斯 你的叔祖父沃伦和叔祖母莉莉安 |
[1:21:55] | and Aunt Lillian built it back in the 20s. | 在二十年代的时候建了这座别墅 |
[1:21:58] | Haven’t been inside in years. | 好多年没进去过了 |
[1:21:59] | Come on. We’ll give you a tour. | 那就进来参观一下吧 |
[1:22:01] | Or, Brian, maybe you could give my dad a | 布莱恩 要不你带我爸进去来个回忆之旅 |
[1:22:03] | little walk down memory lane, and Julie and I can chat out here. | 我和朱丽在外面聊聊 |
[1:22:06] | Yeah, I’d like that, if you don’t mind. | 那样不错 可以吗 |
[1:22:08] | Just a quick look. | 很快就看完 |
[1:22:12] | Yes. But it’s not like I live here anything. But OK. | 好吧 虽然我不长住这里 但没问题 |
[1:22:17] | Can you keep it? | 帮我拿着这个 |
[1:22:18] | Let’s go from here. | 我们到这边 |
[1:22:31] | Here it is. | 随便看吧 |
[1:22:34] | How did you meet? I’m curious. | 你们怎么认识的 我很好奇 |
[1:22:36] | I can’t do this. | 我不想说 |
[1:22:37] | Neither can I. How did you meet? | 我也不想问 怎么认识的 |
[1:22:40] | I thought you said you came here just to tell me. | 你来不是只为了告诉我她的情况吗 |
[1:22:42] | I changed my mind. And I | 我改主意了 而且 |
[1:22:44] | can’t very well ask her the details, Can I? | 这些我也不能从她那里问到了 不是吗 |
[1:22:47] | How’d you meet? | 你们怎么认识的 |
[1:22:51] | At a party. | 一次聚会上 |
[1:22:52] | – What party? – Super Bowl party. | -什么聚会 -橄榄球超级杯 |
[1:22:57] | At the Mitchells? | 在米切尔斯吗 |
[1:22:59] | Does that help? Does that make it better? | 知道这有用吗 能让你心情好点吗 |
[1:23:01] | Hey, I’m doing you a favor here. | 听好 我是在帮你 |
[1:23:02] | I could go out there right now and fuck you up, | 我完全可以出去告诉你老婆 |
[1:23:05] | so get a better attitude. | 所以你态度好点 |
[1:23:08] | Then what? | 然后呢 |
[1:23:09] | How’d you get the nerve to ask her out? | 你怎么厚着脸皮约她出去的 |
[1:23:11] | Was it about the deal? Is that when you decided she was for you? | 因为生意的事吗 所以你才缠上她 |
[1:23:14] | No. | 不是 |
[1:23:15] | It’s not what you think. | 不是你想的那样 |
[1:23:16] | It just happened. | 顺其自然而已 |
[1:23:18] | Nothing just happens. | 肯定有原因 |
[1:23:19] | Everything just happens. | 就是顺其自然 |
[1:23:22] | Was she going to leave me? | 她打算和我离婚吗 |
[1:23:24] | She would have. | 可能吧 |
[1:23:26] | But I, I, uh… I didn’t want that happened. | 不过 我 我不希望她那样 |
[1:23:28] | I love Julie. | 我爱朱丽 |
[1:23:32] | Please don’t tell her. | 求你别告诉她 |
[1:23:35] | Please. | 拜托了 |
[1:23:37] | I don’t know what I’ve done. I’m sorry. | 我不知道我干了什么蠢事 抱歉 |
[1:23:41] | Did she say she loved you? | 她说过爱你吗 |
[1:23:54] | Do you love her? | 你爱她吗 |
[1:24:02] | You don’t love her. | 你不爱她 |
[1:24:05] | You don’t love her. You just used her to get to me. | 你不爱她 只是利用她接近我 |
[1:24:08] | No, I told you. I wasn’t trying to get to you. | 不是 我说过了 我不是试图想接近你 |
[1:24:11] | It was an affair, | 不过是场私情 |
[1:24:13] | an attraction. Sex. And she got sort of… | 诱惑 性而已 不过她有点… |
[1:24:15] | carried away with the whole thing, and I guess I went with it. | 有点难以自控 而我又推波助澜 |
[1:24:18] | I mean, I didn’t exactly say no to things. | 我的意思是 我没跟她了断 |
[1:24:20] | I should have. I love my family. | 我本该这么做 我爱我的家人 |
[1:24:22] | Then I guess it’s all working out. Her lips are sealed, | 那你可以松口气了 她没法说话了 |
[1:24:24] | and you don’t have to go through the trouble of dumping her. | 你也不用绞尽脑汁摆脱她了 |
[1:24:27] | Hey, hey, that’s really unfair. | 你这样说不公平 |
[1:24:29] | I had.. have… so much respect for her. | 我曾… 我是那么尊重她 |
[1:24:33] | She’s an amazing woman. | 她是个优秀的女人 |
[1:24:36] | One more question fot you. | 最后一个问题 |
[1:24:39] | Yes? | 什么 |
[1:24:42] | Have you ever been inside my bedroom? | 你们在我的床上睡过吗 |
[1:24:50] | Once. | 一次 |
[1:24:56] | You could have had the decency to lie about that one. | 你本该礼貌地欺骗我说一次也没有 |
[1:25:00] | Okay, two. | 好吧 两次 |
[1:25:07] | Well, she’s in Queen’s Hospital if you want to say goodbye. | 如果你想和她道别 她在女王医院 |
[1:25:11] | That really is all I came to say. | 我的话说完了 |
[1:25:18] | That’s great, all remodeled, new appliances. | 真是不错 全新的装修 新家电 |
[1:25:21] | Nice. | 太棒了 |
[1:25:22] | Alex, I think we should get going. | 艾里克斯 我们该走了 |
[1:25:24] | Well, hey, thanks for stopping by. | 好吧 谢谢你们过来 |
[1:25:27] | Really nice to meet you both. | 很高兴见到你们 |
[1:25:28] | Maybe we’ll see you at the beach tomorrow. | 或许明天我们还会在海滩碰面 |
[1:25:29] | Yes, maybe. | 有可能 |
[1:25:30] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[1:25:58] | So when do you think he’ll show up? | 你觉得他什么时候会露面 |
[1:26:00] | I have no idea. | 不好说 |
[1:26:02] | Was he sorry? | 他感到愧疚吗 |
[1:26:04] | I hope he was sorry, man. | 我希望他能感到愧疚 哥们儿 |
[1:26:05] | You could have told his wife, and you didn’t. | 你可以告诉他老婆的 但你没有 |
[1:26:08] | I would told her everything. I mean.. I hope he knows how lucky he is. | 要是我就全说了 他该知道自己有多走运 |
[1:26:12] | She deserves to know. | 他老婆有权知道 |
[1:26:14] | Or else she’s going to be a dumb bitch for the rest of her life. | 要不她后半辈子都要吃哑巴亏 |
[1:26:17] | Sid. | 席德 |
[1:26:18] | I’m just saying. | 我说说而已 |
[1:26:20] | No need to get creepy about it. | 不用太在意 |
[1:26:22] | Anyway, doesn’t matter. That’s all behind us. | 无所谓 反正一切都过去了 |
[1:26:25] | Yeah, the one we have to | 是啊 现在我们要担心的是 |
[1:26:26] | worry about telling things to now is Scottie. | 怎么告诉斯考蒂 |
[1:26:31] | I’ve asked Dr. Johnston to help us break the news tomorrow. | 我已经请约翰斯顿医生明天帮我们告诉她 |
[1:28:36] | Here we are. | 我们来了 |
[1:28:41] | – Hey, Barry. – Hey. | -你好 巴里 -你好 |
[1:28:46] | – Hi, Alice. – Hey, Barry. | -你好 爱丽丝 -你好 巴里 |
[1:28:47] | – Hi, Alex. – Glad to see you. | -你好 艾里克斯 -见到你真好 |
[1:28:50] | Scott. | 斯考特 |
[1:28:51] | Hi, Tutu. | 你好 图图 |
[1:28:54] | Alex, we will… e.. get some chair for Tutu, right? | 艾里克斯 我们… 搬个凳子来给你外婆 |
[1:29:05] | There you are again. | 又是你 |
[1:29:12] | So… | 那么 |
[1:29:14] | what did you decide? | 你决定了吗 |
[1:29:16] | There’s not much left to decide. | 没什么好决定的 |
[1:29:18] | We’re just sort of playing | 我们只能见机行事 |
[1:29:19] | it by ear and making sure she’s comfortable. | 让她尽可能舒服一点 |
[1:29:21] | I mean what did you decide about the buyer? | 我是说你决定好买家了吗 |
[1:29:23] | Who’s your buyer? | 卖给谁 |
[1:29:25] | How much are you getting? | 你能挣多少 |
[1:29:27] | Dad… | 爸 |
[1:29:29] | I’m sure you’ll be able to read about it in the paper. | 明天报纸上就登了 |
[1:29:31] | I don’t need to read about it. I can hear about it right now. | 我不需要看报纸 我现在就想知道 |
[1:29:33] | Scott, let’s not talk about that here. | 斯考特 别在这里谈这些 |
[1:29:35] | It’s not the time for that. | 不是时候 |
[1:29:36] | All the same to you, I guess. A million here, a million there. | 那又怎样 反正有的是钱赚 |
[1:29:39] | Just ironic, that’s all. | 真是讽刺 |
[1:29:41] | Elizabeth coming into this misfortune | 伊丽莎白遭此不测 |
[1:29:43] | just as you’re coming into a fortune. | 你却财源滚滚 |
[1:29:48] | She gave you everything, Matt. | 她把一切都奉献给你了 马特 |
[1:29:50] | A good, happy home, two beautiful daughters. | 一个和睦幸福的家庭 两个漂亮的女儿 |
[1:29:52] | Scott, what’s your point? | 斯考特 你想说什么 |
[1:29:52] | She wanted her own boat. She should have had her own boat, | 她想有艘自己的船 她应该有的 |
[1:29:55] | one she would have been familiar with. | 一艘她熟悉性能的 |
[1:29:57] | She wasn’t even driving! | 出事儿的时候驾驶的根本不是她 |
[1:29:58] | Her boat, someone else’s boat… it wouldn’t matter | 她的船还是别人的船 和这无关 |
[1:30:01] | You’re not going to blame me for this. | 你不能因为这个责备我 |
[1:30:03] | Quibble about the details. | 你还狡辩 |
[1:30:06] | She was a faithful, devoted wife. She deserved more. | 她是个忠实 可靠的妻子 她本该得到更多 |
[1:30:16] | You’re right. She deserved more. | 你说的对 她本该得到更多 |
[1:30:19] | For Christ’s sake, | 看在上帝的份上 |
[1:30:21] | take it easy on the man. | 饶了他吧 |
[1:30:22] | You know, My father has been | 知道吗 面对种种情况 |
[1:30:23] | doing a really amazing job under the circumstances. | 我爸真的尽他所能了 |
[1:30:39] | Are we leaving? | 我们要走了吗 |
[1:30:40] | No, Mom, not yet. | 不 妈 还不走 |
[1:30:49] | Man, that guy’s a prick. | 哥们儿 那老头儿真刻薄 |
[1:30:51] | Was he always like that? | 他总是那样吗 |
[1:30:53] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:33:02] | 塞西尔·齐齐拉·金 这片美丽的岛屿正是以他的名字命名 他是旧时夏威夷卓越的律师 银行家 社会名流 | |
[1:34:32] | Well, no surprise. | 好了 毫无悬念 |
[1:34:34] | Other than the hold outs who don’t want to sell at all, it’s Don Holitzer. | 除了那些坚持不卖的 霍利泽得票遥遥领先 |
[1:34:37] | Chicago group a distant second. | 芝加哥集团第二 得票少得多 |
[1:34:40] | Feels good. | 感觉不错 |
[1:34:41] | We’re doing the right thing, Mattie. | 我们做得对 小马 |
[1:34:43] | At least there ain’t going to be any Wal-Mart. | 至少那不会变成沃尔玛 |
[1:34:46] | All right. | 好了 |
[1:34:48] | Now it’s your call, and we’re all behind you, | 你决定吧 我们听你的 |
[1:34:51] | most of us anyway. | 当然 大多数人 |
[1:34:53] | Go ahead, Captain. Make it official. | 来吧 头儿 签字吧 |
[1:35:09] | It’s strange, that’s all. | 很奇怪 |
[1:35:12] | What’s strange? | 什么很奇怪 |
[1:35:15] | We didn’t do anything to own that land. It was entrusted to us. | 我们算是不劳而获 这地是委托给我们的 |
[1:35:19] | And now we’re just… | 而现在我们却要… |
[1:35:31] | I can’t do it. | 我不能这么做 |
[1:35:33] | I won’t do it. | 我不会这么做的 |
[1:35:34] | – What do you mean? – I’m not going to sign. | -你什么意思 -我不会签字的 |
[1:35:39] | What’re you doing, Matt? | 马特 你在干什么 |
[1:35:42] | I mean, we know you have a lot on your plate right now, | 我们知道你最近很不容易 |
[1:35:44] | but you’re not going to fuck this up for us. | 但你不能这么对我们 |
[1:35:46] | It’s over. | 该了断了 |
[1:35:49] | I don’t want it to go to Holitzer. | 我不想卖给霍利泽 |
[1:35:52] | I don’t want it to go to anyone. | 不想卖给任何人 |
[1:35:54] | I want to keep it. | 我想留着它 |
[1:35:56] | Your head’s not right, Mattie. | 你脑子进水了 小马 |
[1:35:58] | Your head’s not right. | 你现在脑子不清醒 |
[1:36:00] | You want a couple days to think it over? Take a couple days. | 需要再考虑几天吗 那就再想想 |
[1:36:04] | I don’t need a couple days. | 不需要了 |
[1:36:05] | I have the authority, and this is what I want. | 我有权这么做 我就这么想的 |
[1:36:09] | We have other businesses we’re | 我们还有其他生意 |
[1:36:10] | converting to corporations. We can figure it out. | 我们可以成立公司 我们能解决的 |
[1:36:14] | You’re the trustee. | 你是受托人 |
[1:36:15] | You know better than anyone we only have seven years left. | 你比任何人都清楚 我们只剩七年了 |
[1:36:19] | Then I have seven years to figure out how to keep it. | 就是说我还有七年时间去想办法保住这里 |
[1:36:29] | We’ll come after you. | 我们会给你施加压力的 |
[1:36:30] | Just because you’re a lawyer doesn’t | 别以为你是律师 |
[1:36:32] | mean the rest of us would be afraid to come after you. | 我们就不敢给你施加压力 |
[1:36:36] | But nobody wants to do that. | 但是 没人愿意这么做 |
[1:36:40] | We’re family. | 因为我们是一家人 |
[1:36:43] | People will be relieved, Hugh, the whole state. | 人们会安心下来 休 整个州的人 |
[1:36:48] | I sign that document, | 我若签了这份文件 |
[1:36:49] | something we were supposed to protect will be gone forever. | 我们本该守护的东西将一去不返 |
[1:36:51] | We’re haole as shit. | 我们将成为狗屁不如的外地人 |
[1:36:55] | And we’ll go to private schools and clubs | 在私立学校和酒吧里面 |
[1:36:57] | and we can barely speak pidgin, let alone Hawaiian. | 没什么机会说洋泾滨语 更不用说夏威夷语了 |
[1:37:01] | But we got Hawaiian blood, | 但我们身上流淌着夏威夷的血液 |
[1:37:03] | We’re tied to this land. | 我们和这片土地不可分割 |
[1:37:05] | And our children are tied to this land. | 我们的孩子们也是如此 |
[1:37:08] | It’s a miracle that for whatever bullshit reason 150 years ago, | 150年前这片天堂就归我们所有 |
[1:37:12] | we own this much of… paradise, but we do. | 不管是他妈什么原因 都是个奇迹 |
[1:37:15] | And for whatever bullshit reason now, I’m the trustee. | 而现在 管他妈的什么原因 我成了受托人 |
[1:37:20] | And I’m not signing. | 我不会签字 |
[1:37:21] | I’m not signing it. | 我不会签字的 |
[1:37:23] | And if you sue me, it’ll only make us closer. | 就算你们起诉 我也不会回心转意 |
[1:37:40] | All right. | 好吧 |
[1:37:43] | Listen up, everybody. | 各位 听好了 |
[1:37:49] | Cousin Mattie has an announcement. | 小马表弟有事宣布 |
[1:37:53] | Get ready. | 做好心理准备 |
[1:38:58] | Come in. | 请进 |
[1:39:17] | Julie? | 朱丽 |
[1:39:19] | I know we just met, but I was | 我知道我们认识不久 |
[1:39:21] | thinking about you guys these past few days, | 但这几天我一直在想你们 |
[1:39:24] | I knew your mom was here. | 我知道你妈妈在这里 |
[1:39:25] | I don’t know. I just felt I should stop by. | 不知道为什么 我就是想着该来看看 |
[1:39:30] | You remember Alex. | 你记得艾里克斯吧 |
[1:39:32] | This is Scottie. Sid. This is Mrs. Speer. | 这是斯考蒂 席德 这位是斯皮尔夫人 |
[1:39:35] | Julie. | 叫我朱丽 |
[1:39:36] | Julie. | 朱丽 |
[1:39:37] | Were you friends with my mom? | 你是我妈妈的朋友吗 |
[1:39:39] | No, we never met. But I know a lot about her. | 不 我们以前没见过面 但我知道她很多事儿 |
[1:39:45] | Look, Julie, we appreciate your coming by. | 朱丽 很感激你能过来 |
[1:39:49] | The flowers are lovely. | 花很漂亮 |
[1:39:54] | – Scottie, Alex. Let’s go to the cafeteria. – Okay. Yes. | -斯考蒂 艾里克斯 我们去餐厅吧 -好的 |
[1:39:58] | Come get up Scotty. | 起来吧 斯考蒂 |
[1:40:00] | – I’m coming. – Come on, Scotty. | -来了 -快点 斯考蒂 |
[1:40:04] | I wanted two more seconds. | 我还想多躺两秒钟 |
[1:40:07] | – Scotty. – comeing! | -斯考蒂 -来了 |
[1:40:22] | I, uh, I’m not sure how much you know about my wife’s condition, | 我不知道你对我妻子的现状了解多少 |
[1:40:26] | but she’s gonna die very soon. | 但她很快就会离开人世 |
[1:40:29] | Actualy that’s why we were here. | 所以我们都在这儿 |
[1:40:31] | I know. | 我知道 |
[1:40:33] | That’s why I came. Because I know. | 所以我才来的 因为我知道 |
[1:40:40] | I came because Brian wouldn’t. | 因为布莱恩不会来 所以我来了 |
[1:40:42] | And that just didn’t seem right. | 虽然有点怪异 |
[1:40:43] | I thought someone from my family should come. | 但我想我们家总该有个人过来 |
[1:40:47] | So he told you, huh? | 他都告诉你了吗 |
[1:40:49] | He was acting really weird that night | 那晚你们走后他就变得很奇怪 |
[1:40:51] | after you left. Then I started smelling it all over him. | 我就开始彻底的调查他 |
[1:40:56] | I’d already smelled it. | 我早就感觉到了 |
[1:40:59] | I finally got it out of him. We’ve been going crazy ever since. | 最后终于真相大白 从那以后我们就矛盾不断 |
[1:41:02] | Not easy with the kids around. | 有孩子在 还不能太过火 |
[1:41:08] | It’s all something I never could have imagined. | 我从没料到会有这种事 |
[1:41:11] | And then your family’s decision with the land. | 接着你们家又决定不卖这块地 |
[1:41:14] | I think you’re doing the right thing, | 我觉得你们做得对 |
[1:41:16] | but Brian is… well, it’s all so complicated and confusing. | 不过布莱恩… 真是焦头烂额 |
[1:41:22] | I know. | 我明白 |
[1:41:27] | I’m angry, | 我很生气 |
[1:41:29] | but I’m just so sorry. | 但也很抱歉 |
[1:41:32] | I can’t imagine what you must be going through. | 无法想象你正受着怎样的煎熬 |
[1:41:36] | Do you mind if I say something to her? | 我能和她说几句吗 |
[1:41:42] | Ok. | 好的 |
[1:41:56] | Elizabeth, I’m Julie. | 伊丽莎白 我是朱丽 |
[1:42:00] | Brian’s wife. | 布莱恩的妻子 |
[1:42:08] | I just wanted to tell you… | 我只想告诉你 |
[1:42:10] | I just want to tell you I forgive you. | 我只想告诉你我原谅你了 |
[1:42:19] | I forgive you for trying to take Brian away. | 我原谅你试图夺走布莱恩 |
[1:42:23] | I forgive you for trying destroying my family. | 也原谅你试图毁了我的家庭 |
[1:42:29] | Why should I just have to forgive you… | 我为什么要原谅你 |
[1:42:31] | I just have to forgive you. | 我别无选择了 |
[1:42:34] | Even though I should hate you. | 虽然我该恨你 |
[1:42:36] | Okay. That’s enough, | 好了 差不多了 |
[1:42:38] | I have to forgive you. | 我只能原谅你 |
[1:42:39] | Frankly, I think that is enough. | 真的 我觉得够了 |
[1:42:41] | Okay? Here we go. | 好吗 来 |
[1:42:42] | Thank you, Julie. | 谢谢你 朱丽 |
[1:42:48] | He didn’t love her. Just so you know. | 他不爱她 你知道的 |
[1:42:51] | He didn’t really love her. | 他不是真的爱她 |
[1:42:54] | That’s why I came. | 所以我才来的 |
[1:42:59] | All right. | 好了 |
[1:44:08] | Goodbye, Elizabeth. | 再见了 伊丽莎白 |
[1:44:13] | Goodbye, my love. | 永别了 我的爱 |
[1:44:16] | my friend, | 我的朋友 |
[1:44:19] | my pain, | 我的痛苦 |
[1:44:22] | my joy. | 我的欢乐 |
[1:44:28] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[1:44:31] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[1:44:33] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[1:47:31] | I guess that’s it. | 就这样吧 |
[1:48:15] | There are very few places that are difficult can go in this world… | 世上少有人到不了的地方 |
[1:48:18] | …but there are others be more difficult to live. | 但有人的地方未必宜于居住 |
[1:48:22] | The average temperature here in | 地底的平均温度 |
[1:48:24] | the bottom of the earth is about 50 degrees below. | 大约是零下五十度 |
[1:48:27] | With strawberry, | 加了草莓 |
[1:48:29] | mocha chip. | 还有摩卡脆片 |
[1:48:30] | Great. | 不错 |
[1:48:32] | Antarctica used to be tropical place. | 南极洲也曾是片热土 |
[1:48:35] | With dense forests and bustling. | 森林茂密 熙熙攘攘 |
[1:48:38] | But then the continents began to move south. | 但不久大陆开始南移 |
[1:48:41] | And to finish the move forests were replaced by a new ground cover. | 随着地壳运动 森林被一种新事物取代 |
[1:48:47] | Ice. | 就是冰 |
[1:48:52] | As for the old residents, all died or moved long ago. | 至于原住民 或者死亡或者迁移 |
[1:48:57] | Well, almost all of them. | 几乎所剩无几 |
[1:49:02] | The royal penguin is essentially a bird. | 帝企鹅本身是一种鸟 |
[1:49:06] | Only he makes the home of the sea. | 只有他以海为家 |
[1:49:09] | And if you wonder what done here on the ice, then… | 如果你想知道冰层上发生过什么 |
[1:49:13] | This is another story, | 请看下集 |
[1:49:16] | is here around the same time | 与此同时 |
[1:49:18] | who wants to leave the ocean’s house and begin a remarkable journey. | 离开海洋的怀抱 开始伟大的旅程 |
[1:49:23] | They traveled a long distance… | 穿越遥远的时空… |