英文名称:The Curse of the Jade Scorpion
年代:2001
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:04] | Look. This is a big claim. The cops want to nail the guy who stole it too. | 听着,这是起大案。 警察也想逮到那个偷它的家伙。 |
[02:09] | The difference is we have to make good the 30,000 bucks. They don’t. | 区别在于我们得干好了才能少损失三万块, 而他们不必担心这个。 |
[02:12] | To them it’s another heist. | 对他们来说,这只是又一起偷窃案而已。 |
[02:14] | Or, has the owner stashed it away someplace, | 会不会是物主自己把它藏起来了, |
[02:16] | and is she trying to defraud us out of a lot of money? | 然后她就可以向我们大诈一笔了? |
[02:19] | If you have large sums of cash around the house, | 如果我们有一大笔钱放在屋子里的话, |
[02:22] | we would insist on certain alarm and security precautions, | 我们就会要求加强警报和安全防范, |
[02:25] | which my supervisor would have to approve. | 我的主管当然会同意。 |
[02:28] | What we usually do in a case like this is handle the installation ourselves. | 在这种情况下,我们通常自己安装警报装置。 |
[02:34] | Sweetheart, can I get you? John, can I bother you for a minute? | 亲爱的,你能过来一下吗? 约翰,我能打搅一下吗? |
[02:38] | – I haven’t had lunch yet. – What do you want? | – 我还没吃午饭。 – 噢,你要什么? |
[02:40] | Let me have a cherry cheesecake, a prune danish and a couple of Hershey bars. | 我要一块樱桃酪饼、一块李子酥皮饼、 和两根“赫尔希”巧克力棒。 |
[02:45] | And I should have something sweet. Let me have some chocolate-covered raisins. | 我想吃点特别甜的东西, 再给我来点巧克力裹葡萄干。 |
[02:48] | – I found the missing Picasso. – I don’t believe it. | – 我找到那幅失踪的毕加索的画了。 – 我可不信! |
[02:50] | I– It’s at Galaxy Opticals. | 我…呃…在“星系光仪店”找到的。 |
[02:53] | They cut the thing out of the frame. | 他把画从画框里割了下来, |
[02:55] | They rolled the canvas up, and it’s in one of the telescopes. | 然后将画布卷成一卷, 藏在了一个长筒望远镜里。 |
[02:57] | – How’d you figure it out? – It wasn’t easy. | – 你是怎么想到的? – |
[03:00] | I’m supposed to be looking for a picture of a woman with a guitar. | 这么跟你说吧,的确不容易。 因为我以为我要找的那幅画中 应该是一个女人抱着把吉他, |
[03:03] | But it’s all little cubes. It took me two hours to find the nose. | 可是那上面堆的都是一个个小方块,真的, 我花了两个小时才找到她的鼻子在哪儿。 |
[03:07] | – You should call the cops. – Yeah, right away. | – 你可以通知警察了。 – 好的,这就去。 |
[03:11] | Would you excuse me? | 对不起,用下电话。 |
[03:13] | Rosie, would you get me the fingerprints on the Leland claim? | 嗨,罗茜,能不能把 利兰案子里的指纹拿给我? |
[03:17] | – Who won the sixth race at Aqueduct? – Your horse came in seventh. | – “水渠马场”的第六场比赛哪一匹马赢了? – 你的马跑了第七。 |
[03:20] | Seventh? Never bet on a horse who has Parkinson’s. | 第七?难以置…千万别把赌注押在 一匹患有“帕金森症”的马上! |
[03:23] | Congratulations. I heard you recovered the stolen Picasso. | 噢,嘿,祝贺你!听说你找到了 被盗的毕加索的画。 |
[03:26] | – Yeah, congrats on the art burglary. – It was a breeze. | – 是啊,祝贺你破了艺术品盗窃案。 |
[03:30] | C.W., I brought you something till your order gets here. | – 小菜一碟。 C.W.,我给你拿了点什么来, |
[03:32] | Thank you. You want to be my date tonight? | 按你的吩咐。 噢,谢谢。对了, 今晚你想和我一起去赴约吗? |
[03:34] | – What’s tonight? – George’s birthday. | – 今晚怎么啦? – 乔治的生日。 |
[03:36] | – We’re taking George out. – All right. I’d love to. | – 我们想和乔治聚一聚,对吗? – 好的,我很乐意。 |
[03:38] | But you have to have me home and in bed by midnight. | 但是你必须送我回家, 午夜之前我得在床上。 |
[03:41] | That’s exactly what I was planning. | 我正是这样计划的。 |
[03:45] | [ Man ] My God, that girl’s got a body that won’t quit. | 天哪,那姑娘有个不愿停歇片刻的身体。 |
[03:47] | Quit? It won’t take five minutes off for a coffee break. | 停歇?连花五分钟喝杯咖啡都不愿意。 |
[03:51] | – Oh, Briggsie, I forgot to tell ya. – What? | – 噢,布里格斯,我忘了告诉你。 – 什么? |
[03:54] | – Hey, where are my– Rosie ! – What? | – 嘿,我的…罗茜! – 什么? |
[03:56] | -Where are my files? Where’s my files? -They’re moved. | – 我的文档怎么没了?我的文档都到哪儿去了? – 换地方了。 |
[04:00] | – What do you mean moved? – They’re all moved. | – 你什么意思,换地方了? – 它们都搬走了。 |
[04:02] | – Why? – They’re streamlining. | – 搬走了?为什么? – 它们都在重新规整。 – 谁出的…又是菲茨杰拉德的主意? – 还会有谁? 是不是你把文档搬出我办公室的? |
[04:04] | – This is Fitzgerald? – Who else? | |
[04:19] | Did you take the files out of my office? | |
[04:22] | Would you like to go out and try coming back in like a human being? | 你能不能先退出去, 然后像个人类一样再进来? |
[04:25] | – Did you move my files? – If you don’t like the human idea, come in like an orangutan. | – 你有没有动我的文档? – 要是你不想成为人类,那么像个猩猩也行, |
[04:29] | – That would be a step up too. – Put them back… now– this instant. | – 那对你来说也算有了进化。 – 把它们放回去!…现在,此刻! |
[04:33] | You knew we were rearranging this floor. | 你知道我们在重新整理这个楼层。 |
[04:36] | Take my files– Put them back in my office now. | 拿好属于我的文档, 把它们放回我的办公室,就现在。 |
[04:40] | You had plenty of time to transfer them yourself. | 你有足够多的时间自己把它们搬运回去。 |
[04:42] | Fitzgerald, if you were a man, I would slam you in the teeth. | 菲茨杰拉德,要是你是个男的, 我会揍得你满地找牙。 |
[04:45] | If I was a man, you’d be hiding under the desk. | 要是我是个男的, 你会躲到办公桌底下去了。 |
[04:48] | – This is what you do when I give you an order? – Give me an order? You? | – 这就是我给你下命令时,你应有的态度? – 给我下命令?就你? |
[04:52] | Who do you think I am, some peroxide little stenographer… | 你把我当成什么人了? 某个被你拧上一把后臀… |
[04:55] | with her brains in her sweater whose rear end you pinch? | 波大无脑、面色苍白的小速记员吗? |
[04:57] | Pinch it? I couldn’t get my arms around it. | 拧上一把?我可没挨着你啊。 |
[05:00] | I don’t take orders from you. I work directly for Mr. Magruder. | 我不接受你的命令。 我直接为麦格鲁德先生工作, |
[05:02] | We’re in the process of turning this place around. | 我们正在整顿这个地方。 |
[05:04] | I’ve been working here 20 years. You’re here six months. | 嘿,我在这儿已经工作了六…二十年了, 而你来这儿才六个月。 |
[05:09] | I’m not interested in your ideas about turning– | 我对你的什么整顿主意可没什么兴趣, |
[05:11] | Get my files. Put ’em back now. | 拿上我的文档,现在就把它们放回去。 |
[05:14] | – Or what? – “Or what?” | – 否则怎样? – “否则怎样?” |
[05:17] | This is the question you ask me? “Or what?” | 这就是你问我的问题?“否则怎样?” |
[05:22] | “Or what?” Are you saying “or what” to me? | “否则怎样?”是你跟我说的“否则怎样”吗? |
[05:27] | If you don’t get off my toe, you’re going to be singing castrati with a glee club. | 你再这样纠缠下去,小心我阉了你, 送你去合唱团唱女高音。 |
[05:30] | I… hated you, Fitzgerald, from the day you set foot into this office. | 我…讨厌你,菲茨杰拉德, 从你迈进这间办公室的第一天就讨厌你。 |
[05:34] | You’d hate any woman who doesn’t have a double-digit I.Q. | 你是讨厌每一个智商高于两位数的女人吧。 |
[05:36] | I’m a good judge of character. | 我判断人很在行的, |
[05:38] | I hate you, and I hate the chancellor of Germany… | 我讨厌你,我也讨厌 那个留着一小撮胡子的… |
[05:41] | with the little mustache, but not in that order. | 德国首相,不过你排在他前面。 |
[05:44] | Be careful when you leave. | 出门时悠着点, |
[05:46] | Don’t let the door hit you on the back and fracture your pelvis. | 小心别让门撞了你的屁股, 使你的骨盆碎裂。 |
[05:50] | So, did you tell her who’s boss? | 这下你让她知道谁是老大了吧? |
[05:52] | Is she kiddin’, talkin’ to me like that? | 真见鬼了,她居然那样跟我说话! |
[05:54] | It’s ’cause she thinks she’s smarter. | 因为她自以为很聪明, |
[05:56] | ‘Cause she graduated from Vassar, and I went to driving school. | 你知道,就因为她毕业于瓦萨大学, 而我只上过驾校。 |
[06:00] | Does she have any idea how many cases I cracked here? | 她究竟知不知道我在这儿破过多少案子? |
[06:04] | Never trust a woman who whistles for her own cabs. | 千万别相信一个自己吹口哨 |
[06:06] | [ Boy ] Excuse me. Miss Fitzgerald? | 招呼计程车的女人。 对不起,菲茨杰拉德小姐在吗? |
[06:08] | – Is that Miss Fitzgerald’s lunch? – Mm-hmm. | – 那是菲茨杰拉德小姐的午餐吗? – 是的。 |
[06:10] | – Sorry we’re so late. We’re jammed up. – That’s okay. | – 对不起来晚了,我们被堵在路上了。 – 没事,没问题。 |
[06:13] | – Here. Keep that. It’s for you. – Thanks. | – 给你,全拿去吧,给你的。 – 谢谢。 |
[06:16] | This is Fitzgerald’s lunch. She’s been waiting a long time for it. | 这是菲茨杰拉德的午饭, 她已经等了很长时间了。 |
[06:18] | I’ll deliver it to her. | 我来…我来给她送去好了。 |
[06:20] | You got to come to some terms with this woman. This thing is only gettin’ worse. | 你最好和这个女人达成某种谅解, 否则的话情况只会越来越糟。 |
[06:23] | What do we need an efficiency expert here for? | 嘿,为什么我们需要一个效率专家来这儿? |
[06:26] | When the old man was here, this never could have happened. | 你知道,要是老头子还在这儿, 决不会有这样的事。 |
[06:29] | Thought you were gonna take her out for a drink, clear the air. | 我在考虑你是不是应该约她出去喝一杯, 消除一下误会。 |
[06:31] | I did. I took her two weeks ago to Rocky’s Bar. | 我约过,两星期前我约她去过“洛基酒吧”。 |
[06:35] | You and Fitzgerald at Rocky’s Bar? | 你和菲茨杰拉德去过“洛基酒吧”? |
[06:37] | #[ Piano ] | [钢琴音乐] |
[06:38] | #[ Piano ] | |
[06:47] | – Sorry I’m late. – No problem. It’s just an hour and 1 5 minutes. | – 对不起,我来晚了。 – 没问题。你看,才晚了1小时又15分钟。 |
[06:53] | – My meeting ran long. – I– I understand. | – 会议拖长了。 – 我…我理解。 |
[06:57] | We’re revamping the offices, getting rid of that antiquated filing system. | 我们打算改组所有办公室, |
[07:01] | Yes? I can find anything I need. | 去除那些陈旧的文档系统。 是吗?我可以找到我需要的任何材料。 |
[07:05] | I can locate it like that. I got a feel for where all the stuff is in my office. | 我可以像这样简单地找出它的位置, 因为我对我办公室里的所有东西都了然于胸。 |
[07:09] | We’re making a central data file on the second floor. You’ll get used to it. | 我们准备在二楼建个文档数据中心。 你会习惯的。 |
[07:13] | What’s the matter? You look flushed. | 你怎么了?看上去有点脸红。 |
[07:15] | No, I’m just– I’m just a little warm. That’s all. | 没有,我…我只是… 我只是感到有点热,没什么。 |
[07:19] | You have all your business meetings here? | 你的所有工作会面都在这里吗? |
[07:21] | It’s near the office. The coat check girl’s pretty. Don’t you like it? | 这儿离办公室很近,你知道,门口衣帽柜的 女孩也很漂亮。你不喜欢这里吗? |
[07:27] | No, it’s fine. Gives new meaning to the word “dive,” but it’s convenient. | 不,还行,赋予“低级酒吧”这种说法 以新的含意。不过还算方便。 |
[07:31] | I-I thought you’d appreciate the thick smoke. You don’t have to put on as much makeup. | 我…我以为你会喜欢这儿厚厚的烟雾, 你知道,这样你就没必要怎么化妆了。 |
[07:37] | – [ Man ] What’s the lady havin’? – Tequila. | – 女士您要什么? – 龙舌兰酒。 |
[07:39] | Hmm. Tsk. | 嗯…啧。 |
[07:42] | So, um– | 那么,呃… |
[07:45] | Betty– Betty Ann– | 贝蒂…贝蒂・安…… |
[07:48] | Um, c-can– s-should I call you– | 呃…我可以…我应该叫你…… |
[07:52] | I can call you Miss Fitzgerald, which is fine with me. I have no problem with that. | 我可以叫你菲茨杰拉德小姐, 我没意见,没什么问题。 |
[07:56] | I– I– Tell me about yourself. | 我…我……和我谈谈你吧。 |
[08:00] | – Myself? – Your hopes, your dreams, you know. | – 谈谈我? – 是的,你的希望,你的梦想,你知道, |
[08:04] | You married? I mean, obviously you’re not married, | 你结婚了吗? 我是说,显然你没有结婚, |
[08:07] | ’cause then it would not be Miss Fitzgerald, so you have a boyfriend? | 因为否则你就不是菲茨杰拉德小姐了。 那么你有男朋友没有? |
[08:11] | Is this why you got me here? | 你约我来这儿就为了这? |
[08:13] | I just, um– So– | 我只是,呃…那么… |
[08:17] | What is your life like? I mean, do you have any hobbies? | 你生活得怎样?我是说, 你…你有没有什么爱好? |
[08:20] | – I have a meeting in 1 5 minutes, so– – I-I-I-I– | – 我15分钟后还有个会,所以…… – 我…我…我…我…… |
[08:24] | Not– I didn’t mean to ask about your marital status. | 别…我不应该问你的婚姻状况, |
[08:27] | That’s none of my business. Maybe you’re– It’s a touchy point with you. | 因为那不关我的事。也许你正… 现在对你来说是个敏感的阶段, |
[08:31] | You’re possibly divorced or widowed. | 你也许离婚了或寡居了, |
[08:34] | Maybe your husband committed suicide. I could understand that. | 也许你丈夫是自杀的。 你看,我可以理解这些。 |
[08:38] | Mr. Magruder hired me to streamline the office, and I’m going to. | 麦格鲁德先生雇我来重新规整办公室, 而且我也准备要这么做。 |
[08:42] | But if something is not broken, you know what I say? I say, why fix it? | 你看,要是没什么东西失灵了, 你知道我的意思吗?我是说,为什么要修它? |
[08:47] | There’s a reason North Coast has slipped from the top five insurance companies. | “北岸保险公司”从顶尖的 五大公司名单中滑落是有原因的, |
[08:50] | There’s an enormous amount of waste and duplication. | 这里存在着巨大的浪费和重复。 |
[08:53] | Yeah, not– not in my department. | 是啊,可…可不是在我的部门。 |
[08:55] | There’s not a single department that couldn’t be run more efficiently or economically. | 就单个部门而言谈不上什么 效率不效率或经济不经济。 |
[08:58] | I’m not even sure North Coast wouldn’t be better off not carrying… | 我甚至在想“北岸保险” 如果不设“侦探部”是否更有利, |
[09:02] | an investigative division and just farming out each case privately. | 我们可以把那些案子分给 专门的私人侦探事务所去办。 |
[09:06] | [ Stammers ] | [结巴] |
[09:10] | Would it be possible to meet at some point and have a drink and discuss that? | 我们能不能以后约个时间, 一起喝一杯来讨论下这个? |
[09:15] | – We are having a drink. – [ Exhales ] | – 我们正喝着呢。 – [吐气] |
[09:18] | Look, I don’t think you know what you’re talking about. | 你看,我认为你不知道自己在说些什么。 |
[09:21] | I think you came in here like a steamroller– | 我认为你象一辆压路机一样 开到我们这里…… |
[09:23] | You felt threatened by me from the first day I got on this job. | 从我得到这份工作的第一天起, 你就感觉到受到了我的威胁, |
[09:26] | Not only was I an efficiency expert and a challenge to your little state within a state, | 不仅因为我是效率专家, 会向你小小的国中之国发起挑战, |
[09:31] | but I’m not one of those windup dolls you can tickle at the water cooler. | 而且因为我不属于那些个你可以在饮水机旁 随意碰摸的上了发条的玩具娃娃。 |
[09:34] | I’m smarter than you. I’m faster. | 我比你聪明,我比你机智; |
[09:36] | I can see right through you. You’re right to feel threatened by me. | 我可以一眼看你到底, 所以你感觉受到我的威胁很正常。 |
[09:39] | I… am threatened by you? | 我…受到你的威胁? |
[09:44] | It’s fascinating, as a female executive, how many men I meet with a fragile masculinity. | 真太有趣了,作为一名女性主管, 我遇见这么多有着脆弱男子气的男人。 |
[09:49] | A fragile masculinity? | “脆弱男子气”? |
[09:51] | You make one more crack about my religion, and woman or no woman– | 你给我的宗教信仰又增添了一条笑料, 关于女人还是非女人…… |
[09:55] | – I have to go. – Hey, listen, honey, let me level with you here. | – 我得走了。 – 嘿,听着,亲爱的,我现在跟你实说了吧: |
[09:59] | Despite all your highfalutin talk about streamlining the office, | 先甭管你那些什么 治理整顿办公室的夸夸其谈, |
[10:03] | what you really need is a good old-fashioned roll in the hay. | 你目前真正需要的,是好好地嘿咻一场, 不用什么新招,老式的就行。 |
[10:06] | Ha ! You wouldn’t know which end is up. | 哈!你都不知道哪一头会朝上 【死到临头还不自知】。 |
[10:09] | Well, in your case, it would be hard to tell. | 哦,就你而言,不难知道该翘哪一头。 |
[10:12] | Don’t bother seeing me to the door. Someone might think we’re together. | 不用劳神送我到门口, 别人还以为我们是一起的呢。 |
[10:14] | – Why? Do I look like an organ grinder? – No,just an organ. | – 怎么?我看上去像个街头手摇风琴师? – 不,只是架风琴【器官】。 |
[10:18] | – So the drink didn’t smooth things out. – No, not exactly. | – 这么说那酒喝得没解决什么问题? – 是的,不怎么样。 |
[10:21] | You better get used to her, ’cause she’s here to stay. | 那么你最好得习惯她在这儿, 因为她会一直呆下去。 |
[10:23] | There’s something about that broad that I don’t trust. She’s got an evil streak. | 我这么跟你说吧,那女人身上有某种东西 令我不安,她身上有种邪气。 |
[10:28] | We got a reservation for 8:00 at the Rainbow Room for George’s 50th. | 好了,我们预订了八点钟在“彩虹大厅” 为乔治过五十岁生日。 |
[10:32] | That’ll be fun. We’ll split a cab uptown. | 一定会很有意思。 我们可以和拼一辆出租车出城。 |
[10:34] | C.W., I’m not going to have time to go home to change, so does this look okay? | 嘿,C.W.,我没时间回家换衣服了, 这身看上去还行吗? |
[10:39] | Sweetheart, no matter how bad the economy gets, you will never starve. | 我跟你说,亲爱的,无论经济 如何不景气,你都不会挨饿。 |
[10:43] | Good. | 很好。 |
[10:47] | Oh, wait. Come here. Miss Fitzgerald? Okay, take a card. | 噢,等等,到这边来。 菲茨杰拉德小姐?好吧,抽一张牌。 |
[10:51] | You gotta see this, Fitz. | 你看看他怎么弄的,菲茨。 |
[10:54] | All right, that’s a six of hearts. | 好了,你拿的是红桃六。 |
[10:56] | – That’s amazing. How’d you do that? – It’s magic. | – 太奇怪了,你怎么知道的? – 魔法呀。 |
[10:59] | – He could do it all afternoon. – I want you to teach me. | – 他还有其它戏法,可以变一个下午。 – 我想让你也教我一两个你的戏法。 |
[11:03] | Mr. Magruder, I’ll have that report for you first thing in the morning. | 麦格鲁德先生,明天一早 我就把那份报告给你。 |
[11:07] | Fine. Are you coming to celebrate George Bond’s birthday with us tonight? | 噢,好的。今晚你和我们一起去 庆祝乔治・邦德的生日吗? |
[11:10] | Not really. I’m up to my neck in work. | 不,恐怕去不了, 我要干的活快没过我脖子了。 |
[11:12] | Why don’t you come? It’ll be fun. George is a great guy. | 为什么不去?会很有意思的。 乔治人很不错。 |
[11:14] | Most of the personnel here seems very nice. | 这里的大部分人感觉都很不错。 |
[11:17] | The only one that gives me the dry heaves is Briggs. | 唯一一个令我干呕的人是布里格斯。 |
[11:19] | C. W.? He’s cracked a lot of cases. | C.W.?他侦破了很多案子的。 |
[11:23] | Of course, I don’t see how. Such a drone. | 当然,我不知道他是怎么干的, 整天闲来荡去。 |
[11:25] | Gets his tips from street contacts like ex-cons and blind beggars. | 他从他认识的那些街头线人那里获得线索, 比如有前科的罪犯和瞎子乞丐。 |
[11:30] | There’s something about him I don’t trust. | 他身上有些东西令我不安。 |
[11:32] | – Any examples? – Many. | – 哦,举些例子呢? – 有许多。 |
[11:34] | He’s smarmy with those office wisecracks and double-meaning jokes. | 他的那些油嘴滑舌的办公室俏皮话 和一语双关的笑话令人厌烦。 |
[11:38] | I mean, who is he, really? | 我是说,他真以为自己是谁? |
[11:40] | He’s this shallow, skirt-chasing egomaniac who’s probably more lucky than good. | 他只不过是个浅薄的、喜欢招蜂惹蝶的 自大狂而已,只是运气好一点罢了。 |
[11:45] | Sometimes it’s better to be lucky. I think you’re being too rough on him. | 有时运气的确更重要。 我想你可能对他太苛刻了。 |
[11:49] | It’s more that he’s just kind of a schnook who’s more insecure than anything else. | 也有可能那是因为 他是个没有一点安全感的笨蛋。 |
[11:52] | He’s got no wife, no family. | 他没有妻子,没有家庭。 |
[11:55] | Well, he was married. Short and stormy. Picked a tramp. | 唔,他结过婚,短暂而又纷乱。 他找了个荡妇。 |
[11:58] | – That’s a surprise. – Excuse me, fellas. | – 这倒没想到。 – 对不起,伙计们。 |
[12:02] | Come tonight. It’ll give us a chance to be together, | 今晚去吧。这给了我们一个在一起的机会。 |
[12:05] | and I have the perfect excuse at home– an employee’s birthday. | 我回家后有了一个很正当的理由―― 我雇员的生日。 |
[12:09] | – How much longer is this gonna go on? – Not longer, Betty Ann. | – 这样的状态还要保持多久? – 不会太久了,贝蒂・安。 |
[12:12] | I’ll be free by the end of the year, and then we can be together openly. | 年底前我就可以解脱了, 到那时我们就可以公开在一起了。 |
[12:15] | You love me, but you spend all the important holidays with her. | 你说你爱我,可是你却和她一起 度过所有重要的节日。 |
[12:19] | Life can get so damn complicated when you think it’s simple. | 生活就他妈这么复杂, 尽管有时你把它想得那么简单。 |
[12:22] | Come tonight. | 今晚去吧。 |
[12:24] | So we can eye each other and steal touches and play little games in code? | 那么我们就可以互相望着对方, 偷偷摸摸地碰几下,并接着玩对暗号的游戏? |
[12:29] | Yes, that’s part of the romance. | 是的,这也是浪漫的一部分啊。 |
[12:31] | Someday we’ll be able to look back and know that at one time in public… | 将来有一天我们会回想起来, 我们曾经在公众场合… |
[12:34] | when one of us brought up the subject of Paris, it meant at that very moment… | 其中一个说起巴黎的话题时, 那就意味着在那一刻, |
[12:37] | that we were dying to make love with one another. | 我们渴望着与对方做爱。 |
[12:40] | – You’re such an adolescent. – But cute? | – 你还处于青春期啊。 – 但是很可爱? |
[12:50] | [ Chattering, Laughing ] | [谈话,笑声] |
[12:56] | – Look at this. – Oh ! Oh ! | – 快瞧这个! – 噢!噢! |
[12:59] | Happy birthday, George. | 生日快乐,乔治。 |
[13:02] | Here’s to George Bond, insurance man, father. | 为乔治・邦德干杯,保险商人、父亲。 |
[13:05] | – Amateur magician. – Please, no card tricks tonight, huh? | – 业余魔术师。 – 乔治,拜托,今晚可别来纸牌把戏,嗯? |
[13:09] | – Happy 50th, George. – Thank you. | – 50岁生日快乐,乔治。 – 谢谢。 |
[13:12] | Everyone, I’d like to make a toast to C.W. Briggs. | 诸位,我想敬C.W.・布里格斯一杯。 |
[13:15] | Thanks to you, the police now have the stolen Picasso in their possession. | 正是因为你,警察现在获得了 那幅被盗的毕加索的画。 |
[13:20] | – Attaboy, C.W. – C.W. ! | – 干得好,C.W.! |
[13:22] | By the way, where’d you come up with the idea of looking in the telescope? | 对了,你是怎么想到 要看一下望远镜里面的? |
[13:25] | What I do is I put myself in the criminal’s position. | 我所做的就是把自己 设身处地于罪犯的位置。 |
[13:29] | I try and anticipate what would he do next, what his next move would be. | 你知道,我试着估计他下一步会怎么干, 他的下一步行动是什么。 |
[13:32] | – I think like him. – That’s fantastic. | – 我像他一样思考。 – 真太奇妙了! |
[13:36] | I would hate to have me after me. | 我讨厌自己追逐自己。 |
[13:38] | – [ Group Laughing ] – [ Woman ] Very good, very good. | – [众人笑] – 很妙,很妙。 |
[13:41] | What are you thinking, Mr. Magruder? You look lost in reverie. | 你在沉思什么呢,麦格鲁德先生? 你好像沉浸在幻想中。 |
[13:45] | Sorry. I was thinking about a column I read in the paper… | 噢,对不起。我在想 我在报上读到的一栏文章, |
[13:48] | about all these Germans occupying Paris. | 有关德国人占领巴黎的报道。 |
[13:50] | – Yeah, it doesn’t look good. – C. W.,you ever been to Paris? | – 是啊,情况很糟。 – C.W.,你去过巴黎吗? |
[13:54] | [ C. W.] I’ve never been out of the country. | 没,我从没出过国。 |
[13:56] | Zero-dash-six, eight-dash-five, | 零、杠、六,八、杠、五, |
[14:00] | eight, five, seven. | 八、五、七。 |
[14:02] | That’s right. That’s exactly correct. | 正确,完全正确! |
[14:08] | And now for something I call the power of theJade Scorpion. | 下面我要表演的节目称为 “玉蝎子的魔力”。 |
[14:12] | – For this I’ll need a few victims– – [ Laughing ] | – 为此,我需要几位受害者…… – [笑声] |
[14:14] | I mean, volunteers from the audience and help from a few nice people. | 我是说,从观众席里上来几位志愿者, 哪位好心上来帮个忙? |
[14:18] | – Oh, yes. – Go on. | – 噢,对! – 快上! |
[14:21] | – Sir? – We got another one. C.W. ! | – 先生,你呢? – 再给你找一位,C.W.! |
[14:24] | – Go ahead. – We got another one for ya. | – 快上! – 我们又给你找了位。 |
[14:27] | There’s a sucker born every minute. | 每分钟都有人变成倒霉蛋。 |
[14:29] | – Represent us well, Briggs. – [ Magician ] Many years ago… | – 别给我们丢份,布里格斯。 – 很久很久以前… |
[14:34] | an emperor in China received as a gift this precious pendant– | 一个中国皇帝收到了这件 作为礼物的珍贵垂饰―― |
[14:40] | a Jade Scorpion. | 一个玉蝎子。 |
[14:43] | It was said to possess extraordinary powers– | 据说它拥有非凡的魔力―― |
[14:45] | the power to darken men’s minds. | 能够使人的心智混沌的魔力。 |
[14:48] | I can’t get hypnotized. I’m not a good subject. | 对不起…我不会受到催眠, 我不是个好的测试对象。 |
[14:51] | [ Magician ] Eyes only on the scorpion, please. | 请盯着这个玉蝎子看, |
[14:54] | Ears open only to the sound of my voice. | 耳朵只听着我的声音。 |
[14:55] | Ears open only to the sound of my voice. | 耳朵只听着我的声音。 |
[14:56] | Please, sir. Sir, look at the scorpion. | 请吧,先生。先生,盯着玉蝎子看。 |
[14:58] | The surrender of the mind– | 内心放弃抵抗… |
[15:02] | The surrender of the mind– | 内心放弃抵抗…… |
[15:06] | They resist and resist, | 尽管内心一再抵抗, |
[15:11] | but the scorpion likes resistance. | 但是玉蝎子喜欢你的抵抗。 |
[15:14] | [ Magician ] What is your name, sir? | 你叫什么名字,先生? |
[15:17] | C. W. Briggs. | C.W.・布里格斯。 |
[15:19] | What do you do, Mr. Briggs? | 你干什么工作,布里格斯先生? |
[15:22] | I’m an insurance investigator… | 我是保险理赔侦探, |
[15:24] | for North Coast Casualty and Fidelity of New York. | 为纽约的“北岸灾害 和忠诚保险公司”工作。 |
[15:29] | – What is your name, miss? – Betty Ann Fitzgerald. | – 你叫什么名字,小姐? – 贝蒂・安・菲茨杰拉德, |
[15:32] | I also work at North Coast. | 我也在“北岸保险公司”工作。 |
[15:35] | – So you work together? – I can’t stand her. | – 所以说你们是同事? – 我受不了她。 |
[15:38] | – [ Laughing ] – Oh, come now. | – [笑声] – 噢,别这样。 |
[15:40] | Don’t pay attention to him. | 别听他的。 |
[15:42] | He’s a sleazy little megalomaniac who’s frightened of women. | 他是个害怕女人的卑鄙的小自大狂。 |
[15:46] | – Enough. Sleep. – [ Laughing Continues ] | – 够了。睡吧。 – [笑声继续] |
[15:48] | Silence. | 安静。 |
[15:51] | You are now at the first level of trance, | 你们现在进入了迷睡的第一层次, |
[15:53] | but theJade Scorpion wants you to go to the deepest level. | 但是玉蝎子想让你们进入到最深的层次。 |
[15:57] | When I say the word Constantinople, | 当我说出“君士坦丁堡”这个词, |
[15:59] | you will instantly drop into the deepest hypnotic trance. | 你会立刻陷入催眠的最深迷睡状态, |
[16:02] | All resistance will disappear. | 所有的抵抗都消失无踪。 |
[16:05] | When I say the word Madagascar, | 当我说出“马达加斯加”这个词, |
[16:07] | you will go immediately to the deepest level of hypnotic sleep, | 你会立即陷入催眠的最深迷睡状态, |
[16:11] | and you will obey all my orders. | 你会服从我所有的指令。 |
[16:13] | Ready now. Constantinople. Madagascar. | 准备好。 君士坦丁堡。马达加斯加。 |
[16:18] | C.W. Briggs and Miss Betty Ann Fitzgerald, | C.W.・布里格斯,和 贝蒂・安・菲茨杰拉德小姐, |
[16:23] | I now pronounce you man and wife. | 现在我宣布你们结为夫妻。 |
[16:26] | When I snap my fingers,you will awaken. You will not know you were in a trance. | 听到我打响指,你们就会醒过来, 但是你们不知道你们是处在迷睡中。 |
[16:31] | You will be madly in love with each other. | 你们会疯狂地爱上对方。 |
[16:34] | You’re on your honeymoon on a deserted desert island. | 你们正在一个廖无人烟的荒岛上 享受你们的蜜月。 |
[16:37] | Maestro. | 乐师。 |
[16:39] | The moon shines down its magical glow… | 梦幻般的月光洒向… |
[16:43] | on you two honeymooners. | 你们两个蜜月中的爱侣。 |
[16:45] | You’re deeply, deeply in love. | 你们深深地、深深地相爱着。 |
[16:47] | Are you ready? One, two, three. | 准备好了吗?一、二、三。 |
[16:51] | Awaken to your tropical paradise. | 在热带天堂中醒过来。 |
[16:59] | What are you thinking? | 你在想什么? |
[17:02] | I’m thinking that… I’m the luckiest man in the world… | 我在想…我是世界上最幸运的人… |
[17:08] | to have you. | 因为有你。 |
[17:11] | I’m the lucky one, C. W. | 我也很幸运,C.W.。 |
[17:13] | I was in love with you from the first moment that I saw you. | 从我见到你的那一刻起, 我就爱上了你。 |
[17:19] | Make love to me here under the stars… | 和我作爱吧,就在这儿,在星空之下, |
[17:23] | – to the sound of the ocean. – Miss Fitzgerald. | – 伴着大海的涛声。 – 菲茨杰拉德小姐。 |
[17:26] | Aren’t you making a mistake? I’m no longer Miss Fitzgerald. | 你弄错了吧? 我不再是菲茨杰拉德小姐了。 |
[17:29] | – I’m Mrs. C.W. Briggs. – Oh ! Betty Ann ! | – 我是C.W.・布里格斯太太。 – 噢!贝蒂・安! |
[17:34] | – Make love to me here… now. – Betty Ann. | – 快和我作爱…现在。 – 贝蒂・安。 |
[17:37] | Stop. Enough. | 歇下吧。够了。 |
[17:40] | Unfortunately, every dream must turn to reality. | 很不幸,每一个梦都必须回到现实。 |
[17:45] | When I snap my fingers, you will awaken and have no memory at all of this event. | 当听到我的响指,你们会醒过来, 对所发生的这一切,你们没有任何记忆。 |
[17:49] | You will return to your regular lives as they exist… | 你们会回到你们以往的正常生活, |
[17:52] | with whatever destinies await you, and let us all hope they are pleasant ones. | 无论命运怎么安排你们, 让我们共同希望你们生活如意。 |
[17:56] | Are you ready to awaken? On the snap of my fingers. | 准备好醒过来了吗? 注意听我的响指。 |
[17:59] | One: You’re beginning to come up. | 一:你们要醒过来了。 |
[18:01] | Two: The memory is fading completely. | 二:记忆逐渐褪尽。 |
[18:04] | Three: TheJade Scorpion has created the miracle of love. | 三:玉蝎子已经创造了这个爱情奇迹。 |
[18:09] | – And four: Awaken. – [ Applause ] | – 四:醒来。 – [掌声] |
[18:12] | – How do you feel? – Still waiting for something to happen. | – 感觉如何? – 还在等着看究竟会发生什么呢。 |
[18:15] | – [ Laughing ] – How do you feel, miss? | – [笑声] – 你感觉如何,小姐? |
[18:18] | -I’m afraid I’m not a very good subject. -No, me neither. | – 恐怕我不是个好的试验对象。 – 我也不是。 |
[18:21] | – I told you this would not work. – Well, I tried my best. | – 我跟你说过这不起作用。 – 好吧,反正我尽力了。 |
[18:25] | Come on, George. Back me up. Briggsie, I’m tellin’ ya. | 快点,乔治,帮我说服他。 布里格斯,你听好了, |
[18:29] | You gazed deeply into her eyes and told her you loved her. | 你深情地望着她的双眼, 告诉她说你爱她。 |
[18:31] | You’re crazy. I would never do such a thing. | 你疯了吗?我绝不可能干出这样的事。 |
[18:34] | This is a conspiracy to make me appear crazy. | 这是个圈套,好让我看上去像个傻瓜。 |
[18:37] | I hope somebody talks to me like that someday. | 我倒是希望有一天有人会这样对我说。 |
[18:39] | I can’t bear Fitzgerald. | 我根本受不了菲茨杰拉德。 |
[18:41] | Speaking of that, isn’t it– Should we be getting home to, uh, feed your cat? | 嘿,既然你这样说,是不是… 我俩是不是现在就去你家,呃…帮你喂猫? |
[18:46] | That would be fun, but I’m getting a cold, | 嗯…这主意不错,可是我感冒了。 |
[18:50] | so I just want to get to bed with some tea, you know? | 所以我只想赶紧喝点水上床,你知道。 |
[18:53] | If you’ve got a cold, somebody’s got to rub your chest down with Vicks. | 如果你感冒了,得有个人帮你揉揉胸, 以便吞下那些“维克斯”药片。 |
[18:56] | – This is what I’m for. – Anybody rubs my chest down better bring a ring. | – 俺干这个最在行了。 |
[18:59] | Good for you. | – 任何想替我揉胸的最好带个戒指来。 这下没辙了。 |
[19:06] | – Good night, baby. – Good night, Chris. | – 晚安,宝贝。 – 晚安,克里斯。 |
[19:09] | I knew we’d get a little time alone tonight if you came along. | 我知道今晚你来的话 我们一定有机会单独在一起。 |
[19:12] | I’m glad I came. | 很高兴我来了。 |
[19:46] | [ Sighs ] | [叹息] |
[19:51] | [ Exhales ] | [出气] |
[19:55] | [ Ringing ] | [电话铃] |
[20:04] | [ Sighs ] Hello? | 喂? |
[20:07] | Constantinople. | 君士坦丁堡。 |
[20:09] | You are in a deep trance. | 你沉入迷睡中。 |
[20:12] | You will fall deeper and deeper under the sway of my words. | 随着我谈话的语调,你会越沉越深。 |
[20:16] | You will obey my instructions carefully. | 你会非常小心地服从我的指令。 |
[20:19] | You will proceed to the Kensington estate… | 你将前往肯辛顿的住宅, |
[20:22] | where you will obtain the jewels– all the jewels– from the Kensington safe. | 去那里获取珠宝――所有的珠宝―― 从肯辛顿家的保险箱里。 |
[20:27] | You will do this with the utmost secrecy, | 你会做得神不知鬼不觉, |
[20:30] | using all the information and techniques at your command. | 利用你所掌握的所有知识和技能, |
[20:34] | You’ll do it with great ease and facility. | 不费吹灰之力你就能做到。 |
[20:36] | Then you will return to your apartment, taking the jewels with you. | 然后你将带着珠宝,回到你的住所, |
[20:41] | You’ll hide them in a safe and secure hiding place, | 把它们藏在一个安全而隐秘的地方, |
[20:44] | awaiting further instructions from me. | 等待我进一步的指令。 |
[20:47] | You will then fall into a deep slumber from which you will awake refreshed, | 接着你会沉沉地睡去, 直到神清气爽地醒来, |
[20:51] | and you’ll have no memory of anything that has occurred. | 但是对所发生过的一切, 你不会有丁点记忆。 |
[20:55] | You will wait to hear from me again. | 你将接着等我的命令, |
[20:57] | Your life will be simply as your life is until you hear from me. | 在此之前,你一如既往地生活。 |
[21:02] | Remember. You will obey my instructions to the letter. | 记住,你要严格地按我的指令去办, 一丝不苟。 |
[21:05] | You will remember absolutely nothing that occurred under trance. | 在迷睡中发生的任何事, 你都不会有一丁点的记忆。 |
[21:09] | Is that clear to you? | 你清楚了吗? |
[21:11] | Very clear. | 非常清楚。 |
[21:13] | Go. TheJade Scorpion commands it. | 去吧,玉蝎子命令你。 |
[21:34] | Awfully late, Mr. Briggs. | 这么晚还来啊,布里格斯先生。 |
[21:36] | Hot on a case, eh? | 有急案要办,嗯? |
[22:21] | The Kensington safe was broken into last night. | 昨夜,肯辛顿家的保险箱被盗, |
[22:23] | Somebody got on the estate. Jewels worth millions, all gone. | 有人进入房内, 将价值数百万的珍宝席卷而空。 |
[22:27] | The cops don’t have a clue, and Magruder is numb. | 警察没发现什么线索, |
[22:30] | I don’t understand. I made that place burglarproof myself. | 麦格鲁德一筹莫展。 我不明白,那地方是我亲自安的防盗装置。 |
[22:34] | Well, tell that to the perpetrator. | 是啊,跟盗贼去说这话吧。 你听着,我们可能要破一大笔财了, |
[22:37] | We are on the hook for big money here, so you better get over there darn fast. | 所以你最好赶紧起来,尽快赶去那儿。 |
[22:41] | By now those stones could be on the market in Tangier or– or Cairo. | 而现在,那些宝石可能已经出现在 丹吉尔或开罗的市场上了。 |
[22:47] | Everything, everything– My emerald tiara and my sapphire necklace from India– | 每一件东西,每一件东西――我的翡翠头饰, 我的印度蓝宝石项链…… |
[22:52] | That sapphire is the most perfect in the world. | 那是世界上最完美无瑕的蓝宝石。 没有指纹,但是我们找到部分脚印。 – 男人还是女人? – 不好说。 我想见一下每一位在此工作的人, 所有的员工―― 管家,园丁,每一个人。 – 一定是这儿出的问题。 – 这一次我想你的直觉反应出差错了,C.W.。 这所房子里没人和盗窃有关, 我以我的性命担保。 我想检查一下…我想到楼上… 我可以上楼吗? 如果你非得去的话, 能不能动作快一点? 你看这儿的乱劲已经够我们受的了。 肯辛顿夫人,你知道 艾尔菲和我决不会…… |
[22:55] | No fingerprints, but we got a partial shoe print. | |
[22:57] | – Man or woman? – I really can’t be sure. | |
[23:00] | I want to interview everybody that works here– the whole staff– | |
[23:03] | the butlers, the gardeners, everybody. | |
[23:05] | – Something’s goin’ on. – This time I think your gut reaction is betraying you. | |
[23:09] | Nobody in this house is involved. I’d bet my life. | |
[23:12] | I want to search the up– I want to go up– Can I go upstairs? | |
[23:15] | If you must, but would you make it fast? | |
[23:17] | We’ve had enough excitement for one day. | |
[23:19] | Mrs. Kensington, you know Alfie and I would never– | |
[23:23] | Lotte, of course not. | 洛蒂,当然不是你们。 |
[23:36] | What are you doin’ in my mother’s closet? | 你在我母亲的壁橱里干什么? |
[23:39] | Well, hello. | 噢,你好啊! 你属于那些个邋邋遢遢的 |
[23:43] | You’re one of those grubby little private detectives, aren’t you? | 私家小侦探中的一员,是吗? |
[23:48] | A private eye, they’re called, a shamus, a gumshoe. | 他们又被称作私人侦探,条子、探子。 |
[23:53] | Oh, I’m– I’m a grubby little insurance investigator. | 噢,我是…我是个邋邋遢遢的 保险公司的小侦探。 |
[23:56] | The private eyes are romantic. I-I-I’m just grubby. | 私人侦探比较传奇, |
[24:00] | So what? You always get your kicks fondling women’s shoes? | 我…我…我只是邋邋遢遢的。 怎么着?抚弄女人的鞋子 |
[24:03] | Once in a while I’ll fondle the whole woman, you know– | 会使你感觉很爽吗? 偶尔我也抚弄女人的整个身子,你知道…… |
[24:05] | Hmph. You have a fresh mouth. I’m not sure I like you. | 嗯,你的嘴好放肆, 我不认为我喜欢你。 |
[24:09] | Well, I tend to grow on people. We could meet later, and I could grow on you, if you like. | 嗯,我习惯让人慢慢喜欢上我。如果你愿意, 我们可以再见面,这样你就会喜欢上我了。 |
[24:14] | You don’t seem tough enough to go after criminals. | 你看起来不够硬朗啊, 要和罪犯打交道。 真的吗?也许我扇你几个巴掌后, |
[24:17] | Really? Maybe if I slapped you around a little bit, you’d change your mind. | 你就会改变印象了。 – |
[24:20] | – I could slap you back. – It’s starting to sound like fun. Should we put some music on? | 那我会回扇你。 – 听上去有趣起来了。要不要放上点音乐。 |
[24:25] | – Why are you snooping around? – You’re Laura Kensington, right? | – 你为什么四处踅摸? |
[24:29] | Yeah, that’s right, and I have a strawberry mark on my thigh to prove it. | – 你是劳拉・肯辛顿,对吗? |
[24:34] | – Would you like to see it? – Maybe later when I can take the full tour. | 是的,没错,我大腿上有块 草莓状红胎记可以证明。 – |
[24:38] | Huh. My fiance might not appreciate that. | 你想瞧瞧吗? – 也许以后吧,当我可以做整体漫游的时候。 |
[24:42] | – Yes? Which one? – Oh, so you follow my life. | 哈,我未婚夫未必乐意。 – 是吗?哪一个? |
[24:46] | Well, I read the tabloids, if that’s what you mean. | – 哦,这么说你做过些功课。 是啊,我读过那些小报, |
[24:49] | So you’ve seen photos of me diving into public fountains. | 那么你一定看过我 跳进公共喷泉的照片。 |
[24:52] | And getting arrested for speeding and throwing champagne at El Morocco. | 还有因为超速和在 |
[24:56] | And while I’m out living the fast life, you’re hard at work snooping in people’s closets. | “摩洛哥夜总会”飙香槟而被捕。 我在那儿过着绚丽多姿的生活,而你却 |
[25:01] | Can I help it if they pay me by the clue? | 不得不玩命干活,窥探别人的壁橱。 我也没办法,因为有线索他们就会付我钱。 |
[25:04] | – Did the burglar leave any? – He didn’t leave any because he’s still among us. | – 盗贼留下什么线索没? |
[25:09] | – Says who? – Says the little man that lives inside me. | – 没留下任何线索,因为他仍在我们当中。 – |
[25:13] | So you’re C.W. Briggs. | 你是说谁? – 我是说活在我体内的那个小人。 |
[25:17] | I hear you’re a very sharp investigator with an impressive record. | 这么说你就是C.W.・布里格斯。 我听说你是个非常精明的侦探, 破过的案子令人印象深刻。 |
[25:21] | I looked forward to meeting you. | 我一直想见见你。 – 他们说我总是能得到我要找的人。 – 我也是。 [出气]是啊。 我很高兴我们能这样小谈片刻。 – 可惜屋子里到处是人。 – 今晚我们去哪儿? 嗯?唐人街还是哈莱姆? 你喜欢爵士乐还是鸦片烟? 我喜欢我壁炉前的地毯。 噢,直接去你公寓,嗯? 你总是以餐后甜点开场吗? 嗯,那得看我晚餐吃的什么。 这会成为我的一次非常有意思的体验。 我通常喜欢更加有魅力的、 爱好运动的、强健的男人。 也许在你过来之前, 我会练习几个俯卧撑。 我…[清嗓子]你未婚夫怎么办? |
[25:23] | – They say I always get my man. – Me too. | |
[25:28] | [ Exhales ] Right. | |
[25:30] | I’m glad we could have this little chat. | |
[25:34] | – Too bad there’s a houseful of people. – Where shall we go tonight? | |
[25:38] | Hmm? Chinatown or Harlem? | |
[25:41] | You prefer jazz or opium? | |
[25:44] | I prefer the rug in front of my fireplace. | |
[25:48] | Oh, directly to your apartment, eh? You always begin with the dessert? | |
[25:52] | Well, depends what I’m eating. | |
[25:55] | This will be a very interesting experiment for me. | |
[26:00] | I usually prefer more attractive, athletic, muscular men. | |
[26:05] | Maybe I could get in a few push-ups before you came over. | |
[26:09] | I– [ Clears Throat ] What about your fiance? | |
[26:11] | If you don’t invite him, I won’t. | 如果你不邀请他,我也不会。 – 找到啥没? – 这是内盗,毫无疑问。 – 警察可不是这么说的。 – 他们错了。是内盗,我可以肯定。 – “巨人队【纽约】”今天下午有比赛吗? – 有。 他们和“红雀队”比,在圣路易打客场。 快给我的投注人弗兰基打电话, 我想下注,押一百块赌“巨人队”。 – 赌“巨人队”赢? – 赌赢,当然! 你以为呢,赌名次? 麦格鲁德?噢,没看见。 – 肯辛顿那边发现什么没有? – 是内部人干的。 – 我可以把我的性命押上。 – 你也把你的性命押在了“巨人队”上, 现在他们排第六。 我们谈话时可不可以没有看守在场? 别这样,菲茨杰拉德小姐 现在是这个公司的一员了。 我们都必须学会和谐共处,一起工作。 什么使你那么肯定这是一起内盗? 否则的话不可能干得这么干净利落。 |
[26:21] | – Any leads? – It’s an inside job. No question about it. | |
[26:24] | -That’s not what the cops say. -They’re wrong. It’s inside. I can tell. | |
[26:27] | -Are the Giants playing this afternoon? -Yeah. | |
[26:30] | They’re playing the Cardinals in St. Louis. | |
[26:32] | Call my bookmaker Frankie. I want to get a bet down. Hundred bucks on the Giants. | |
[26:36] | – On the Giants to win. – To win, naturally ! | |
[26:39] | What do you think, to place? | |
[26:41] | Mr. Magruder? Oh, tilt. | |
[26:44] | – Anything on the Kensington situation? – It’s an inside job. | |
[26:46] | – I bet my life on it. – You bet your life on the Giants, too, and they’re in sixth place. | |
[26:51] | Can we talk without the warden being here? | |
[26:53] | Please, Miss Fitzgerald is a part of this company now. | |
[26:56] | We must all learn to work together in harmony. | |
[26:58] | What makes you so positive it’s an inside job? | |
[27:01] | It couldn’t be that smooth unless it was inside. | |
[27:04] | Miss Fitzgerald is suggesting, given the magnitude of the loss, | 菲茨杰拉德小姐建议, 鉴于这起案子的巨大损失, |
[27:06] | that we expand our investigation. | 我们应该扩大调查。 – |
[27:09] | – Meaning what? – I appreciate the value of intuition to a point. | 意思是? – |
[27:13] | But we’re moving into a decade of scientific innovation. | 听着,我欣赏你对每一件事物的直觉。 但是我们现在已经进入了 充满科技革新的新的十年。 |
[27:16] | Miss Fitzgerald has suggested that perhaps we might get you a little help… | 菲茨杰拉德建议也许我们可以 给你一点小的帮助, |
[27:20] | by farming out part of the work to an outside private detective agency. | 把部分工作分给公司外的 私人侦探事务所去办。 |
[27:24] | – | – What? – To help you– test the waters– |
[27:27] | see if a new approach and fresh techniques make a difference. | 什么? |
[27:30] | Don’t feel threatened immediately. | – 这是帮你,探一下深浅, |
[27:32] | According to you, I’m only threatened by women with high I.Q.s. | 看看新方法和新技术是否能改变点什么。 |
[27:35] | Did you hire a female detective? | 别那么快就感到受到威胁了。 嘿,按照你的说法,我只会感到 |
[27:37] | North Coast has got to get with the progress of the marketplace. | 来自于高智商女人的威胁。 你是不是雇了个女侦探? |
[27:40] | There’s a lot of money at stake here. | “北岸公司”必须随着市场与时俱进。 听着,这里牵涉到巨额的损失。 |
[27:42] | The more time passes, the colder the trail grows. You know that. | 时间拖得越长,就越不容易破案, 这你非常清楚。 |
[27:44] | So if the Coopersmith Private Detective Agency makes a contribution, then fine. | 因此,如果“库珀史密斯私人侦探所” 能做点什么的话,那非常好。 |
[27:47] | If not, we’re only out a few bucks. | 如果不能,我们也仅仅损失了一点钱而已。 |
[27:49] | The Coopersmiths? Those guys are like Fric and Frac. | “库珀史密斯”兄弟?那俩家伙就像 弗里克和弗拉克这一对连体活宝, – |
[27:52] | – They’re sub-mental. – We are moving into a new decade, the 1 940s. | 他们是低能儿。 – 我们已经进入了新的十年,这是40年代了。 |
[27:56] | That means things are different. | 也就是说该换换脑筋了。 |
[27:58] | Do me a favor. Max Baer’s looking for sparring partners. | 嘿,你能不能先歇一会儿。 马克斯・拜尔【著名拳手】正缺陪练呢, |
[28:01] | Why don’t you go down to the gym? | 你为什么不直接奔拳击馆去? |
[28:03] | You’re the only person I’ve received this kind of bitter resistance from. | 你看你是唯一一个像这样 强烈抵制我改革的人。 |
[28:06] | You’re a dinosaur with your street ways and disorganized hunt-and-peck methods. | 实话跟你说,你是个活化石,用你的 |
[28:11] | Please. My father always stressed harmony. | 杂乱无序的、东一榔头西一棒棰的街头小技办案。 别这样,我父亲一再强调和谐的重要性。 |
[28:15] | I gotta go. I’m working on a case. | 嘿,我得走了,我还有案子要办。 |
[28:17] | I’ll call you. We’ll have lunch. I know a restaurant you’ll love– Gestapo food. | 我会给你打电话,约你吃个午饭。我知道家 很棒的餐馆,你一定喜欢――盖世太保食物。 |
[28:21] | Watchouttforthhettrahfhfhic. | 出门多瞅着点路, |
[28:24] | Don’t get hit by a bus, your body mangled beyond recognition. | 小心别被巴士撞了, 碾得你血肉模糊难以辨认。 |
[28:28] | I ain’t heard a word about any job. | 我可没听说有什么活儿。 |
[28:32] | Nobody tried to fence anything or do any braggin’. | 没听说有人想销赃,也没人夸口。 |
[28:35] | Charlie, you gotta help me with this. Keep your ears open. | 查理,这次你一定得帮帮我,真的。 把你耳朵竖直一点。 |
[28:39] | Anything you hear, I gotta know. It’s very important, okay? | 你听到任何事情,都必须告诉我。 这对我非常重要,明白吗? |
[28:44] | Fifty? You must be desperate. | 五十块啊?你一定急得要命。 |
[28:47] | You know where to reach me. Keep eating the carrots. I think they’re workin’. | 你知道怎么找我,有你的好。 我想你不会让我失望的。 |
[28:58] | I thinkJoe said they’re all gone up there, Mr. Briggs. | 我想乔说他们都去那里了, 布里格斯先生。 |
[29:01] | I’m just gonna check something out. I’ll be down in five minutes. | 我只是要查点什么, |
[29:11] | [ Door Opens ] | 五分钟后就下来。 [开门声] |
[29:16] | You startled me. I was working late. | 你吓我一跳,我工作晚了。 |
[29:19] | Oh, ’cause Eddie said he didn’t think anybody was up here. | 噢,你看,艾迪说没人在这上面。 呃,我在这儿。[吃笑声]显然我在这儿。 |
[29:23] | Well, I’m here. [ Chuckles ] Obviously I’m here. | – 为什么你那么紧张? |
[29:28] | – What are you so nervous– – I’m not nervous. | – 我没紧张。 |
[29:31] | Why would I be nervous? Working up here alone, I didn’t expect to see you. | 我为什么要紧张?一个人在这干活, 没想到会碰见你。 |
[29:37] | Don’t you work late all the time? That’s what they tell me. | 你总是工作到这么晚吗? 他们是这么说的。 |
[29:41] | What is this, 20 questions? You scared me. | 怎么,你想盘问我? 你吓到我了。 |
[29:43] | I’m working up here alone. I’m filling out some reports. | 我一个人在这儿工作, 我有几份报告要写完。 |
[29:47] | What are you gonna do, ask Magruder to take out all the water coolers? | 你想干什么?想让麦格鲁德 搬走所有的饮水机? |
[29:50] | Why don’t you make your wisecracks somewhere else? I’m busy. | 还是把你的俏皮话说给别人听吧, 我正忙着。 |
[29:53] | I’m outta here. You know, I-I– Don’t work too late, | 我这就走。你知道,我…我… 别干得太晚了, |
[29:56] | ’cause the bags under your eyes are getting bigger. | 因为你的眼袋越来越肿了。 |
[29:59] | Have a good evening, and if you find you’re going to have a sudden coronary thrombosis, | 好的,也祝你晚安。要是你觉得 你快突发冠状动脉症了, |
[30:02] | you should probably drive directly to the hospital. | 最好赶紧直接去医院。 |
[30:10] | [ Magruder] You were right. We shouldn’t fool around at the office. | 你说的没错,我们不应该 在办公室里偷偷摸摸。 |
[30:13] | – He gives me the willies. – He’s a harmless sort. | – 天哪,他让我心惊肉跳。 |
[30:25] | [ Keys Jingling ] | – 不,他没什么害处。 [钥匙叮当声] |
[30:40] | – Hey. How’d you get in? – It wasn’t very hard. | – 嘿,你怎么进来的? – |
[30:45] | Really? What’d you do, have your father buy the building? | 并不太难。 真的吗?你干了什么? 让你父亲买下了这座大楼? |
[30:47] | A small tip to the super was all it took. | 给看门的一点小费就可以搞定。 |
[30:50] | For you maybe. I give the super a small tip, he spits on my shoes. | 对你来说也许可行。要是我给看门的一点小费, |
[30:54] | I brought some very expensive Russian vodka, 1 20 proof. | 他会往我鞋上吐唾沫【帮我擦鞋】。 |
[30:59] | Don’t drop that, you know. You’re liable to blow up the building. | 我带了瓶非常贵的俄国伏特加,60度的。 小心别掉了,你知道, |
[31:02] | I got bored waiting. There’s nothing to read but detective magazines and the racing form. | 你会烧掉整座大楼的。 我等得厌烦死了,没什么可看的, |
[31:07] | I got a deck of playing cards with naked women on them. You could’ve, you know– | 除了这些侦探杂志和赛马简报。 我还有副扑克牌,上面印着裸女。 |
[31:11] | Let me guess. You use it to play solitaire. | 你可以…你知道…… 让我猜一下,你用它来玩单人游戏【自慰】。 |
[31:15] | I used to date the six of spades. | 我和里面的黑桃六约会过。 |
[31:17] | I love where you live. | 我喜欢你住的地方, 和我想象的一模一样―― |
[31:20] | It’s just what I thought it would be– a grimy little rathole. | 一个肮脏狭小的耗子洞。 |
[31:24] | Oh, thank you. I’ll tell my decorator you said that. | 噢,谢谢。我会对我的装饰工 转述你的话的。 |
[31:26] | It’s the effect we were going for. | 我们要的不正是这种效果吗? |
[31:29] | You dying to see my, uh, strawberry mark? | 你急着想看我的草莓状红胎记了吧? |
[31:31] | If it’s in the same spot it was this afternoon, I’d like to check it out. | 呃,如果它和今天下午那个 是同一块的话,我倒想看看。 |
[31:35] | This is truly a novelty for me. | 这真的对我来说很新奇。 |
[31:36] | I’m used to penthouses and yachts– | 我是说我习惯于顶层公寓和游艇, |
[31:40] | gorgeous European lovers who buy me presents and sweep me off my feet. | 我爽快的欧洲情人给我买 各式礼物,对我大献殷情。 |
[31:43] | And yet, somehow, I find it strangely exciting standing here… | 但是不知怎的,我感到有种 |
[31:47] | in a grungy hovel with a myopic insurance clerk. | 奇异的兴奋,站在… 这样一间蹩脚的小杂屋里, |
[31:52] | I know there’s a compliment in there. I just don’t know where it is. | 和一个近视的保险公司的小职员在一起。 |
[31:57] | You gonna take that coat off? | 我知道你的话里有恭维的意思, 只是我说不准究竟在哪儿。 |
[32:00] | It hasn’t rained in this apartment in 20 years. | 你能把外套脱了吗? |
[32:07] | Oh, well. [ Clears Throat ] | 因为你瞧,这间屋子里 已经有20年没下过雨了。 |
[32:11] | What do you think? | 噢,乖乖。[清嗓子] 你觉得怎样? |
[32:13] | If I happen to pass away while we’re doing anything, | 要是我们在做什么事情的时候, 我一下子过去了的话, |
[32:17] | just have the embalmer leave the smile on my face. | 一定要让我的遗体整容师 把我的微笑保留在脸上。 |
[32:21] | – [ Phone Ringing ] – Perfect timing. | – [电话铃声] – 来得真是时候! 我想穿点什么更舒适的东西, 然后上床等你。 比什么都不穿还舒适吗?你想穿什么呢? “杰庚斯润肤液”? – 哈喽? – 君士坦丁堡。 你现在受到玉蝎子魔力的控制。 你将前往迪尔沃斯的宅邸。 你将进入大楼打开保险箱。 你有没有听说过有本印度的书 名叫《性爱宝典》? 非常抱歉,劳拉,我们不得不 推迟我们小小的幽会。 – 你说什么? – 我才想起有件已经安排好的事。 我希望你别介意。 门房会替你叫辆出租车。 – 我过了个奇妙的夜晚。非常感谢! – 你这显然是在开玩笑! 我会转过身去,你可以穿上衣服, 不过请你快一点。 – 我时间很紧。 – 你是不是那玩意儿怂了? |
[32:25] | I’ll slip into something a little more comfortable, wait for you in bed. | |
[32:29] | More comfortable than that? What are you going to put on,Jergens lotion? | |
[32:33] | – Hello? – [ Magician ] Constantinople. | |
[32:38] | You are in the power of theJade Scorpion. | |
[32:41] | You will proceed to the Dillworth mansion. | |
[32:44] | You will enter and open the safe. | |
[32:53] | Have you ever heard of an Indian book called the Kama Sutra? | |
[32:57] | I’m sorry, Laura, but we’re going to have to postpone our little rendezvous. | |
[33:01] | – Pardon me? – I just recalled a previous engagement. | |
[33:05] | I hope you don’t mind. The doorman will get you a taxi. | |
[33:08] | – I had a wonderful evening. Thank you very much. – You are jokin’, of course. | |
[33:13] | I’ll turn around and you can get dressed, and please try and hurry. | |
[33:17] | – I’m rather pressed for time. – Have you got a loose screw? | |
[33:21] | Tonight was very meaningful to me. Really. | 今晚对我非常有意义,真的。 |
[33:24] | I’ll always think of it in a very cherished way. | 我会一直回味的, 以一种非常珍惜的方式。 |
[33:26] | If you’re in the neighborhood again, drop in. | 如果你有机会再来附近,顺便进来。 |
[33:30] | What’s come over you? | 你究竟发生什么事了? 要是在你回家的路上想吃点零嘴, |
[33:32] | Should you want any peanuts to snack on on the way home, | 我这儿有花生, 我想我有一大盘花生在另一间屋子里。 |
[33:35] | I think I have a whole dish of them in the other room. | 你厌恶女性,对不对? 完全不对!实际上我认为 她们的性别太绝妙了。 |
[33:38] | You hate women, don’t you? | 真的,一个非常令人愉悦的变种。 我早该知道,我早该知道! 象你这样一个胆小如鼠的小职员, |
[33:41] | Not at all. Actually, they’re a splendid gender. | 成天就知道追捕罪犯。 – 我早该知道! |
[33:44] | Really. A very pleasant variation. | – 别这样,劳拉,别生我气。 到春天来临时一定要再过来啊, |
[33:47] | I | I should have known. |
[33:49] | should A mousy little clerk like you, just chasing your entire life after criminals. | |
[33:54] | have – I should have known. – No, Laura, don’t be cross. | |
[33:57] | known. Do drop in again in the springtime. The oleander will be in bloom. | |
[34:00] | I’m going ! I’m getting out ! | 我走了!我出去了! |
[34:03] | I’m not used to getting kicked out of a man’s bed, but it could have been worse. | 我可不习惯被一个男人踢下床, |
[34:07] | You’re very sick, you know? | 但是还有比这更糟的。 你让人恶心,你知道吗? |
[34:09] | Thanking you in advance for understanding, Laura. | 谢谢你能理解我,劳拉。 |
[34:12] | God bless you. You have a splendidly shaped buttocks. | 上帝保佑你。 你屁股的形状非常完美。 |
[34:15] | – Mamma mia. – God bless you, Laura. | – 丢你个老母! – 上帝保佑你,劳拉。 |
[34:57] | I can’t believe it. It’s identical. | 难以置信,方式完全相同! |
[35:00] | You think somebody from the Kensington household came over and pulled this one too? | 你认为这也是肯辛顿家里的 某个人跑过来作的案? |
[35:04] | We did the security here. We made the place foolproof. | 这里的安全设施是我们布置的, 你知道,我们把这儿整得固若金汤。 |
[35:07] | Somebody’s a step ahead of ya. | 有人抢先一步于你了。 |
[35:09] | I want to speak to the Dillworths. I want to question them. | 我想和迪尔沃斯夫妇谈谈, 我要问他们些问题。 |
[35:12] | The Coopersmith detectives have been grilling them all morning. | 侦探库珀史密斯兄弟已经 |
[35:15] | Geez. You mean– I can’t believe it. | 盘问他们一个上午了。 天呐,你是说…难以置信! |
[35:18] | She convinced Magruder to put the Coopersmiths on. | 她还是说服麦格鲁德 让库珀史密斯兄弟参与进来了。 |
[35:21] | We need all the help we can get on this case. | 在这件案子上我们需要尽可能的帮助。 |
[35:27] | What’s happenin’, fellas? You want to talk to me? | 怎么回事,伙计们? 你们想和我谈谈吗? |
[35:30] | Hey, C.W. We’re in on this one now. | 嘿,C.W.,现在我们也加入了。 |
[35:33] | Yeah? Well, this is my case, just so you’re clear on that. | 是吗?听着,这是我的案子, 所以这一点你们要搞清楚。 |
[35:36] | Will you listen to him? Like we horned in. | 你愿意听他扯淡吗? 像是我们硬要挤进来似的。 |
[35:38] | – Hey, they called us. – That was their first mistake. | – 嘿,是他们招呼我们的。 – 那是他们的第一个错误。 |
[35:41] | Maybe they think you’re slippin’. | 也许他们认为你越来越不行了。 |
[35:43] | – You know my brotherJoe? – The one that died at birth? | – 你认识我弟弟乔吗? – 是在出生时死掉的那个吗? |
[35:46] | I hear you’re havin’ a little trouble. | 我听说你有点小麻烦了,C.W.。 |
[35:49] | – So you guys get any clues? – A few. | – 那么你们俩找到啥线索没? – 有一些。 |
[35:51] | Yeah? What? Wanna share them with me? | 是吗?什么?愿意和我分享一下吗? |
[35:54] | I’ll let you know if they’re real clues or if you found your own laundry list. | 我会让你们知道它们是否真的是有用的线索, 还是你们找到的是你们自己的洗衣单。 |
[35:58] | We’d like to make this collar. It’d mean a long-term deal with North Coast. | 我们一定会逮到罪犯,C.W.,这也意味着 我们会和“北岸公司”长期合作。 |
[36:02] | I hear they’re makin’ some changes up there. | 我听说那儿正有些调整。 |
[36:05] | Fellas, I’m gonna make this bust, | 伙计们,我会侦破这个案子, |
[36:08] | then you guys are gonna be back at your old jobs tracking down lost poodles. | 然后你们俩就可以重操旧业, 去追踪那些报失的卷毛狗了。 |
[36:11] | We had to laugh when we heard you thought the Kensington heist was an inside job. | 我不知道。你知道,当我们听说你认为肯辛顿 的盗窃是内部人干的时,我们不禁哑然失笑。 |
[36:16] | I can see already we’re gonna be trippin’ all over each other. | 你知道,我早就意料到, 在这件案子里我们会相互使绊子。 |
[36:20] | – One of us is gonna fall down. – We don’t plan on fallin’. | – 我们之中的一方,会跌得很惨。 – 我们可没准备跌倒。 |
[36:24] | You’re in over your heads– all four of’em. | 是吗?你们的头里乱似一锅粥―― 所有四个头里都是。 |
[36:27] | This is a very smart burglar. | 这是个非常聪明的盗贼。 |
[36:29] | You guys have trouble figuring out who did it when you get a confession. | 即使有人承认是他干的,你们俩仍然会 想不明白他是怎么干的。 |
[36:33] | I’ll tell you what we figure. | 我来告诉你我们是怎么想的吧。 |
[36:35] | We’re looking for a tall man, heavyset, athletic, about 30 years old. | 我们要找一个高个儿男人, 体格魁梧,爱好运动,约三十岁左右。 |
[36:40] | Belly button in or out? | 肚脐眼是凸的还是凹的? |
[36:42] | [ Coopersmith ] Now, if he’s short at that weight, he’s fat– | 如果他是个矮个儿有那样的体重, 那他就是个胖子―― |
[36:45] | too fat to squeeze through the kitchen window. | 太胖了根本不可能从厨房窗子挤进去。 |
[36:47] | Wanna show him the big clue? | 要不要给他看看那重要线索? |
[36:49] | What’s the big clue? The guy leave behind his birth certificate? | 什么重要线索?那家伙把他的 出生证拉在这儿啦? |
[36:52] | Show him. | 给他看看。 |
[36:54] | No one in this house was ever to Rocky’s Bar. | 这所房子里没有人去过“洛基酒吧”。 |
[36:58] | Hey– I’ve been to Rocky’s Bar. | 嘿,我去过“洛基酒吧”。 |
[37:01] | You got a matchbook. Big deal. Six million people eat at Rocky’s Bar. | 你找到个纸板火柴,太棒了。 六百万人去“洛基酒吧”用过餐。 |
[37:05] | We’re gonna nail this guy. | 我们会逮到这个家伙的。 |
[37:07] | The important thing is that you don’t think of us as competition. | 问题的关键是你不把我们 当成你的竞争对手。 |
[37:10] | Don’t worry. I don’t. | 别担心,我不会当的。 |
[37:17] | What are you so upset about? We’ll get the guy. | 你为什么这么心烦? 我们会抓住那家伙的。 |
[37:21] | Can you believe she talked Magruder into hiring these two jerks? | 你能相信她说服了麦格鲁德 雇了那两个混球吗? |
[37:24] | You’ve been moping around all day. | 你看,你已经闷闷不乐一整天了。 |
[37:27] | It’s not like you. What’s goin’ on? | 这可不象你啊。出什么事了? |
[37:30] | – Al, I got a confession to make. – What? | – 艾尔,我得向你坦白件事。 – 什么? |
[37:34] | I woke up this morning. I found this on the floor in my apartment. | 今天早上我醒来, 在我公寓的地板上发现了这个。 |
[37:38] | – Yeah, so? – I have no memory of being with anybody last night. | – 是吗,那又怎样? – 可我一点也不记得昨晚和谁在一起了。 |
[37:43] | Come on. How many times has that happened to everybody? | 噢,得了,布里格斯。 我们当中有谁没有过这样的经历呢? |
[37:46] | You pick up a broad. You knock off a bottle of booze. You’re in the sack. | 你找个女人,你喝得烂醉,你上床睡觉。 |
[37:48] | – So you didn’t remember. – There was also an empty bottle of vodka on the floor. | – 所以你不记得了。 – 地板上还有个空的伏特加酒瓶。 |
[37:52] | – I don’t drink vodka. – All the more reason you blacked out. | – 我从不喝伏特加的。 – 这更说明你为什么全然不知了。 |
[37:56] | Vodka does funny things to a person. Believe me. | 伏特加会对人产生 意料不到的效果,相信我。 |
[37:58] | I’ve gotten up with some pretty strange-looking heads under my arm. | 有一次我醒过来发现我胳膊下 搂着两个长相非常奇怪的人。 |
[38:02] | I can’t figure it out. There’s something wrong. I came back here. | 不,我想不通。有什么东西不对劲。 我来过这里。 |
[38:06] | [ C. W.’s Voice ] I wanted to check something in my office. | 我想去我办公室查点东西。 |
[38:09] | That I remember clearly. | 这我记得很清楚。 |
[38:11] | This was about 9:00. | 那大约是九点钟。 |
[38:15] | Hey, wait a minute. I ran into– Wait a minute. | 嘿,等等。我碰到了…等一下。 |
[38:19] | – What are you thinkin’? – Of course. | – 你在想什么? – 当然了。 |
[38:22] | No wonder I thought it was an inside job. | 怪不得我认为是内贼干的。 |
[38:26] | But not inside with the Dillworths or the Kensingtons. | 但不是迪尔沃斯或肯辛顿家的内贼。 |
[38:30] | – It’s inside our company. – What? | – 是我们公司的内贼。 – 什么? |
[38:33] | It’s so obvious. Why didn’t I see it right away? | 再明显不过了! 我为什么没当场想到这一点? |
[38:36] | Are you kiddin’? Who? Mize, Bond and me. | 你开玩笑吧?是谁? 迈兹、邦德、还是我? |
[38:39] | We’re the only ones who have access to your security setups. | 我们是唯一几个接触过 你装的那些安全设施的人。 |
[38:41] | Yeah, and what if somebody else was given access? | 不错,要是还有其他人 也有权接触它们呢? |
[38:44] | What if someone we don’t know as well… | 要是某个我们都不太相识的人, |
[38:48] | because she hasn’t worked here as long as we’ve been here? | 因为她不象我们,一直在这儿工作? |
[38:51] | – Fitzgerald? – Why not? | – 菲茨杰拉德? – 为什么不? |
[38:54] | Why not? My God. We’ve had female jewel thieves before. | 为什么不?我的天哪! 你知道,我们以前也抓到过女珠宝窃贼。 |
[38:59] | She’s always saying she can do anything a man can do. | 你知道,她老是说 男人能办到的事她也能办到。 |
[39:03] | I don’t think she meant stealing. | 我不认为她指的是偷窃。 |
[39:05] | What do we know about her? Nothing. | 你了解她什么?什么都不了解。 |
[39:07] | You know, she has expensive tastes. She wears good jewelry. | 你知道,她有很好的品味, 她自己有很贵重的珠宝。 |
[39:11] | – I gotta get into her office. – Don’t. | – 我必须到她办公室看看。 – 别这样。 |
[39:15] | – I must– – If you get caught, she’ll kill you. | – 我必须…… – 如果你被抓到,她会杀了你。 |
[39:18] | She’ll take a gun and shoot you. She goes duck hunting. | 她会拿出把枪来毙了你, 你知道,她经常去猎野鸭的。 |
[39:21] | But it makes all the sense in the world. She’s here late every night. | 但这样一来一切都解释得通了: 她每晚都在这儿呆得很晚。 |
[39:25] | She has the files– We’ve given her the files. | 她可以查档案―― 我们给了她档案。 |
[39:27] | She knows all the security information. I gotta go through her place. | 她知道所有与安全有关的信息。 我一定要检查一下她的办公室。 |
[39:31] | Don’t rifle her desk. You’re gonna get caught. | 别去翻她的办公桌,布里格斯, 你会被逮到的。 |
[39:41] | – Uh– – What are you doing? | – 呃…… – 你在干嘛? |
[39:43] | – Me? No, I was– – You’re going through my desk. | – 我?不,我在…… – 你在搜查我的办公桌。 |
[39:46] | [ Stammering ] I beg your complete pardon. | [结巴]我…我…我请你彻底原谅。 |
[39:49] | You’re all red. You were snooping through my papers. | 你脸涨得通红。 你在偷看我的文件。 |
[39:52] | You know, only a suspicious, paranoid mind would say something like that. | 你知道,只有多疑的、有妄想症的头脑 才会说出那样的话。 |
[39:56] | I doubt very much whether Amish people… | 我很怀疑,你知道,连“安曼教派”或… |
[39:59] | or Quakers would come to that conclusion. | “贵格教派”的人都不会说出那样的话。 |
[40:01] | You wormy little ferret. | 你个蠕虫般【卑鄙】的小臭鼬【侦探】。 |
[40:04] | Now you’re mixing metaphors, so you’re upset. | 你看你把比喻用混了, 这说明你很紧张。 – |
[40:06] | – I know why you’re snooping through my office. – I wasn’t snooping. | 我知道你为什么来偷窥我办公室。 – 我没在偷窥。 |
[40:09] | You’re looking for the report by the Coopersmith Agency. | 你是在找“库珀史密斯侦探所”的报告。 |
[40:11] | – You hired them to give me a hard time. – What? | – 嘿,是你雇的他们好为难我。 – 什么? |
[40:14] | That’s right. Now it’s too many cooks, and we’re getting all over each other. | 没错。现在厨房里大师傅太多, 我们吵得不可开交。 |
[40:17] | These guys have made more progress in a few hours than you have in two days. | 对这个案子他们俩在一个钟头内 取得的进展,比你在两天里的都多。 |
[40:22] | Were you crying? Your mascara– | 嘿,你哭过吗?你的睫毛油怎么…… |
[40:24] | Don’t try to tap-dance your way out of getting caught searching my desk. | 别打岔!别以为你搜了我的书桌, 跳着踢踏舞就可以离开而不被逮到。 |
[40:28] | I wasn’t searching. I was rummag– Can a colleague not rummage? | 我没搜,我是在翻找…… 作为同事我不可以翻找一下吗? |
[40:31] | Get out. If I ever catch you going through my stuff again– | 出去!出去!要是你再被我逮到 你搜我的东西…… |
[40:35] | – What are you afraid I’ll find? – You couldn’t find your nose if I turned the lights out. | – 你担心什么会被我找到? – 我把灯一关,你连你的鼻子都找不到了。 |
[40:38] | Watch out, ’cause I’m onto you. I know what you are. I know what you’re about. | 嘿,你小心了,因为我盯上你了。 我知道你是什么人,我知道你为什么来这儿。 |
[40:43] | This is silly. We should both calm down. | 你看,这真的有点愚蠢。 我们两个都应该冷静一下。 |
[40:46] | I just had lunch, and you’re liable to overtax your heart and have a massive stroke, | 我才吃了午饭,你么很可能因 心脏负担过重而爆发大面积心肌梗死, |
[40:49] | killing you instantly or paralyzing half your body. | 让你一命呜呼,或者半身不遂。 |
[40:53] | Have a nice day. | 祝你愉快。 |
[40:55] | – I gotta get into her apartment. – You’re askin’ for trouble. | – 我必须到她住处去看一下。 – 你这是在自找麻烦。 |
[40:58] | – She hit the ceiling when she caught me before. – Can you blame her? | – 她刚才抓住我时暴跳如雷。 – 你能怪她吗? |
[41:01] | ‘Cause she’s guilty. Look behind her eyes. She’s a bad broad. | 因为她是个罪犯。 瞧她眼睛背后,她是个坏女人。 |
[41:05] | – She’s got pretty eyes. – I said look behind, behind the eyes. | – 她有双漂亮的眼睛。 – 我是说后面,瞧她眼睛后面。 |
[41:08] | There’s something wrong– The minute I met this broad, I sensed there was trouble. | 有什么东西不对劲… 我遇见这个女人的那一刻,就觉得有麻烦了。 |
[41:12] | She says the same thing about you. | 她也是这样说你的。 |
[41:14] | If you two were prizefighters, we could get a million-dollar gate. | 你知道,要是你们俩来场职业拳击对垒, 我们可以赚个百万门票。 |
[41:17] | – I gotta get into her place. – Look, let me tell you something. | – 艾尔,我必须进入她的住处。 – 听着,我来给你明明理, |
[41:20] | Being an investigator doesn’t put you above the law. | 成为一名侦探, 并不能使你凌驾于法律之上。 |
[41:22] | She catches you, she’s gonna have you locked up. | 要是她抓住了你, 她会把你关入大牢的。 |
[41:24] | Has that ever stopped me before? | 这以前阻止过我吗? |
[41:27] | – She’s going out tonight. – How do you know? | – 她今晚外出。 – 你怎么知道? |
[41:29] | ‘Cause I went through her desk. I know her appointments. | 因为我翻了她的书桌, 我知道她的安排。 |
[41:31] | She’s meeting her sister tonight for dinner at a restaurant. | 她今晚约了她姐姐去一家餐馆吃晚饭。 |
[41:34] | I thought she said her sister was an invalid in Detroit. | 慢着,我好像听她说过 她姐姐住在底特律,是个残疾人。 |
[41:37] | That’s what I’m tellin’ ya. Nothing she says ever checks out. | 这就是我想对你说的, 她说话永远没个准。 |
[41:40] | Yeah, well, you know, you can’t break into her apartment. It’s unethical. | 那么好,你知道,你不能破门而入她的房间, C.W.,这有违职业道德。 |
[41:43] | I’m not gonna break in. I got the key. | 我才不破门而入呢,我有钥匙。 |
[41:45] | – How did you manage that? – I stole it from her purse. | – 这你怎么搞到的? – 我从她手袋里偷的。 |
[41:48] | She’s gonna know something’s up when it’s missing, right? | 要是有什么东西不见了, 她一定会注意到的,不是吗? |
[41:51] | She’ll never know. I made a duplicate. I put the original back. | 她永远不会注意到。我复制了一把, 然后把原件放回了手袋。 |
[41:55] | My God. You know, you’ve got a touch of larceny in you. | 天哪!你知道,在你身上 很有些小偷的格调了。 |
[41:57] | You would have made one heck of a thief. | 你会沦为江洋大盗的。 |
[42:00] | It takes one to catch one. Don’t forget that. | 嘿,扮成贼才能逮到贼。 请你牢记这一点。 |
[42:02] | – I’ll see you tomorrow. – Yeah, see ya around. | – 我们明天见。 – 好吧,明儿见。 |
[42:40] | [ Door Opens ] | [开门声] |
[42:45] | [ Door Closes ] | [关门声] |
[42:51] | – Can I take your coat, honey? – I’ll get it. | – 我来帮你脱掉外套吗,亲爱的? – 我自己来。 |
[42:55] | Okay, what did you want to tell me? | 好了,你想告诉我什么呢? |
[42:58] | No drink? | 不想喝点什么吗? |
[43:01] | We’ve had enough drinks. How much alcohol do you need to be completely honest? | 我们已经喝得够多的了。 你需要多少酒精才能完全诚实呢? |
[43:05] | – You’re not making this very easy. – Why should I make it easy? | – 你这样并没有把大事化小。 – 为什么我要把大事化小? |
[43:08] | Because we care about each other. | 因为我们互相在乎对方。 |
[43:11] | Before it was you loved me. Now it’s that you care for me? | 原先是你爱我,现在成了你在乎我? |
[43:14] | -Just sit down. – I’m not gonna faint. I’ve been dumped before. | – 贝蒂・安,坐下来好吗? – 我不会晕过去的,以前我也被人甩过。 |
[43:17] | I wish you wouldn’t say things like that. | 我希望你别说那样的话。 |
[43:20] | You rushed me out of that restaurant to talk… | 你性急慌忙地把我 拉出那家餐馆说有话要谈, |
[43:22] | because you were afraid I was going to make a scene or pass out. | 那是因为你害怕我会和你 |
[43:25] | You are a highly volatile woman. | 大吵大闹或当众晕倒。 你是个性情多变的女人。 |
[43:27] | Am I? Most men complain I’m cool as ice. | 是吗?大多数男人抱怨我冷若冰霜。 |
[43:30] | – You know I care about you. – You said that. Get to the point. | – 你看,你知道我在乎你。 – 你说过了。别兜圈子了。 |
[43:33] | – It’s not that I don’t want to leave Caroline– – But in the end, you’re not. | – 并不是说我不想离开卡罗琳…… – 但是你不离开,结果是你不离开。 |
[43:37] | I’ve tried to work up the courage a hundred times. | 我已经试过一百次了,想鼓起勇气。 |
[43:40] | All those promises? Those stories about how miserable you were at home? | 所有那些承诺? 那些故事,说你在家里有多么惨? |
[43:45] | – You’re making this into a nightmare. – Isn’t it? It is for me. | – 天哪,你正把这变成一场噩梦。 – 是吗?对我是噩梦。 |
[43:48] | – Try to understand. We can still be friends. – Oh! | – 你看,试着理解我吧,我们仍然可以是朋友。 – 噢! |
[43:52] | -We can even continue to sleep together. -Are you nuts? | – 我们甚至可以继续一起过夜。 – 你疯了吗? |
[43:56] | I only got involved in this because you told me your marriage was on its last legs. | 我牵扯进这件事只是因为你跟我说 你们的婚姻已经摇摇欲坠。 |
[44:00] | When you say it like that, it sounds like I’ve deceived you. | 你这样说听起来像是我欺骗了你。 |
[44:02] | – Haven’t you? – I didn’t mean to. | – 你没有吗? – 我不是有意要这样。 |
[44:06] | I respect you too much. | 我…我尊敬你,非常尊敬你。 |
[44:08] | Oh, my God. How did we go from love to you care for me to you respect me? | 噢,上帝啊!我们怎么会从“你爱我” 变成“你在乎我”再到“你尊敬我”? |
[44:13] | Next thing you’ll be buying me a prayer shawl. | 接下来你会给我买一条 【犹太人】晨祷用的披巾了吧。 |
[44:15] | – Betty Ann– – Leave me alone, okay? Please. | – 贝蒂・安…… – 让我一个人呆会儿,行吗?拜托! |
[44:18] | -Betty– -Just go– I’ll be fine. Leave me alone. | – 贝蒂…… – 你走吧…我没事。让我一个人呆会儿。 |
[44:20] | – Honey, listen– – Leave me alone ! | – 亲爱的,听着…… |
[44:23] | I hope you decide to stay on at North Coast. | – 别来烦我了! 我希望你会决定留在“北岸公司”。 |
[44:26] | You’re really helping to turn our company around. | 你真的在帮助我们改变公司的面貌。 |
[44:29] | I guess we won’t be having that honeymoon in Positano, huh? | 我想我们不会再去 波西塔诺【意大利】度蜜月了,哈? |
[44:32] | I feel like such a jerk ! | 噢,我觉得自己像个混蛋! |
[44:34] | You shouldn’t. It’s my fault. I got into this against my better judgment. | 得了吧,这都是我的错。 我稀里糊涂才卷了进去。 |
[44:37] | – Honey– -Just go. | – 亲爱的…… – 你走吧! |
[44:44] | [ Door Opens, Closes ] | [开门,关门] |
[45:05] | [ Exhales ] | [叹息] |
[45:26] | Good-bye, Chris. Good-bye, New York. | 再见,克里斯!再见,纽约! |
[45:35] | Miss Fitzgerald ! God ! What are you doing? | 菲茨杰拉德小姐! 天哪!你这是干什么? |
[45:38] | -What are you doing here? -What do you mean, what am I doing here? | – 你在这里干什么? – 你…你什么意思,我在这里干什么? |
[45:42] | – What are you doing here? – I happened to be passing through. | – 你在这里干什么? – 我恰巧路过。 |
[45:45] | – You what? – I’m– What do you– I was– I’m– | – 你什么?! – 我在…你以为…我刚才…我在…… |
[45:48] | – I’m hiding behind your screen. – Behind what? | – 我躲在你的屏风后面。 – 在什么后面? |
[45:51] | You have this niceJapanese screen. I was hiding behind it. | 你有个很漂亮的日本式屏风, 我就躲在它后面。 |
[45:54] | How did you get in? How long have you been here? | 你怎么进来的? 你在这儿呆多久了? |
[45:57] | I– What time– I’ve been here quite a while, actually. | 我…现在是…实际上, 我在这儿很有一会儿了。 |
[46:00] | – You broke into my apartment? – I didn’t break in. | – 你破门而入闯进我的公寓? – 我没破门而入。 |
[46:02] | – How did you get in? – You really want to know? | – 那你怎么进来的? – 你真的想知道? |
[46:04] | – How did you get in here? – I made a duplicate of your key. | – 你怎么进到屋里来的? – 我…我复制了一把你的钥匙。 |
[46:07] | -You what? -Which you can have for no extra charge. | – 你什么?! – 我可以送你,不额外收你钱。 |
[46:10] | It’s good to have two keys, ’cause an emergency happens once in a while. | 有两把钥匙其实很好, 因为时不时地会发生紧急情况。 |
[46:13] | – Why did you do this to me? – What? Why? | – 你为什么对我这样做? – 什么?“为什么”? |
[46:15] | Because I’m convinced somebody up at North Coast… | 因为我…我确信“北岸公司”内的某个人… |
[46:19] | is responsible for the jewel robbery. | 与珍宝盗窃案有关。 |
[46:22] | – Who, me? – Well, you’re a prime suspect, yes. | – 谁?我? – 嗯,你是主要嫌疑人,是的。 |
[46:25] | – Based on what? – Based on the fact that I know everybody else better than you. | – 凭什么? – 就凭我很了解其他人而不太了解你这一事实。 |
[46:29] | – You have access to all the data. – So? So do you. | – 还有你接触过所有那些信息。 – 那又怎样?你也接触过。 |
[46:32] | But you were so nervous the other night when I caught you up there. | 但是那天晚上你那么紧张, 当我在那儿碰到你的时候。 |
[46:35] | I came up, and you were acting so strange. | 我走近你,你的举止那么古怪。 |
[46:37] | You have a Rocky’s matchbook. I saw you put it in your– | 你还有一块“洛基酒吧”的纸版火柴。 我看见你把它放进兜里… |
[46:40] | Remember we had a drink at Rocky’s Bar? It didn’t go too well. | 还记得我们在“洛基酒吧”一起喝过吗? 搞得不太愉快的那次。 |
[46:43] | So you broke into my apartment illegally and spied on me? | 所以你就非法闯入我的公寓来监视我? |
[46:46] | I wasn’t spying. What’s wrong with you? I was rummaging. | 我没监视。你怎么回事? 我是在翻找。 |
[46:50] | – I’m a big rummager. – You what? | – 我是个翻找行家。 – 你是个什么? |
[46:53] | I was rummaging in the afternoon. I saw “dinner with my sister.” | 今天下午我就翻找过, 我看见“和姐姐共进晚餐”。 |
[46:58] | All those sisters– all those dinners– Those were with Magruder, right? | 所有那些姐妹们,所有那些晚餐们, 都是指和麦格鲁德在一起,对吗? |
[47:02] | Oh, God ! I’m mortified ! | 噢,天哪!我要死了! |
[47:04] | Stop it. If it wasn’t for me being here, they’d be scraping you up with a spoon. | 别这样。要是没我在这儿, 人们正拿把勺子,把你从地上刮起来呢。 |
[47:08] | That’s none of your business, you slimy little weasel. | 这不关你的事, 你个令人作呕的小黄鼠狼。 |
[47:10] | And over a jerk like Magruder. | 总比麦格鲁德那个混蛋要好。 |
[47:13] | He’s not a jerk. He’s wonderful. He’s twice the man you are, you roach. | 他不是混蛋,他很不错。 他一个顶你两个,你个蟑螂。 |
[47:16] | Don’t you see? He gives you these stories so he can get into your pants. | 你还不明白吗?他给你说那些故事, 是为了脱掉你的裤子。 |
[47:21] | – He’s not gonna leave his wife. – You witnessed my humiliation. | – 他不会离开他妻子的。 – 天哪,你看到了我受到的羞辱。 |
[47:24] | The only humiliating thing is how this guy takes advantage of a smart woman like you. | 唯一称得上羞辱的是,那家伙是怎么占 像你这样的聪明女人的便宜的。 |
[47:28] | You’re not fit to discuss Chris Magruder. | 不,不,要讨论克里斯・ 麦格鲁德,你还不配。 |
[47:31] | Look at this. She still loves the guy. I can’t believe it. | 瞧瞧,她还爱着那家伙。 简直无法相信。 |
[47:34] | Get out before I call the police and have you arrested for breaking and entering. | 出去!你再不出去我要叫警察了, 以私闯民宅指控逮捕你。 |
[47:37] | I’m not letting you alone here tonight. Are you crazy? Look at you. | 今晚我不会让你一个人在这儿的。 你疯了吗?看看你。 |
[47:41] | I’d ask if you had any friends, but I know the answer. | 我本来想问问你有没有什么朋友, 但是不问我也知道。 |
[47:44] | – [ Groans ] – Give me this. Jesus. What– | – [叹息] – 把酒给我!天哪。怎么…… |
[47:48] | What– [ Groans ] Great. | 怎么…[叹息]太棒了。 |
[47:53] | – Are you okay? – [ Sniffles ] | – 你还好吧? – [抽鼻子] |
[47:56] | – Hello? – Oh. | – 喂? – 噢。 |
[47:58] | [ Sighs ] Jesus. | 噢,天哪。 |
[48:23] | – [ Liquid Pouring ] – What the hell are you doing here? | – [倒水声] – 你他妈在这儿干嘛? |
[48:28] | I’m making coffee. | 我在煮咖啡。 |
[48:30] | Oh, God ! It’s all coming back to me now. | 噢,上帝啊! 我现在都想起来了。 |
[48:32] | You came here last night because you thought I stole some jewels ! | 你昨晚来的这里, 因为你以为是我偷的珠宝! |
[48:35] | This happens to be a very confusing case. | 这碰巧是一起比较迷惑人的案子。 |
[48:38] | I’ll say you’re confused. Why didn’t you go home to sleep? | 不会是你自己迷糊了吧。 你为什么没回家睡觉? |
[48:40] | – Are you kidding? And let you do something crazy? – Like what? | – 你开玩笑?让你再做出什么疯狂举动? – 比如说什么? |
[48:43] | Like take a swan dive out the window. | 比如说跨出窗户,来个小燕展翅。 |
[48:45] | How do you know I wouldn’t take a swan dive with you here? | 你怎么知道你在这儿 我就不会小燕展翅了? |
[48:47] | – Because I watched over you. – You stayed up all night watching me? | – 因为我看牢你了。 – 你一夜没睡看着我? |
[48:51] | That’s exactly right. Yes. | 一点不错,是的。 |
[48:53] | And you snore like a grizzly bear with a sinus condition. | 我还要跟你说你呼噜打得象个大灰熊, 像是鼻窦有毛病。 |
[48:56] | I had a bad moment last night. I’m fine now. | 昨晚我情绪很糟,现在好了。 |
[48:58] | – You talk in your sleep. – You probably took notes, you suspicious little inchworm. | – 你还说梦话。 – 你还记了笔记了吧,你个多疑的小尺蠖。 |
[49:02] | – Who’s Rita? – Rita’s the woman my ex-husband ran away with. | – 谁是丽塔? – 丽塔是拐跑我前夫的女人。 |
[49:05] | – Anything else? – You certainly know how to pick men. | – 还有啥没? – 嘿,我要说,你真的知道找什么样的男人。 |
[49:08] | Check your sex. There’s not a lot to pick from. | 看看你自己是雌是雄啊, 根本没什么好找的。 |
[49:11] | And you mentioned my name too. I thought you were awake. | 你也提到了我的名字。 我…我还以为你醒了呢。 |
[49:14] | – You said that I should rot in hell. – I was probably awake. | – 你说我应该烂在地狱里。 – 也许我是醒着。 |
[49:16] | I figured you were feeling better. | 我以为你感觉好点了。 |
[49:18] | Now, if you’ll go, I gotta be at work in 30 minutes, and don’t gossip about what you saw. | 现在你走吧,半小时后我要上班了。 看在上帝的份上,别信口胡言昨晚你见到的事。 |
[49:23] | Nobody’s gonna gossip. I couldn’t care less about your life. It means nothing to me. | 嘿,没人会信口胡言,因为我才不关心 你过得怎样,明白?那对我毫无意义。 |
[49:28] | I couldn’t stand you when I met you, and I can’t stand you now. | 第一眼见到你就受不了你, 现在还受不了你。 |
[49:31] | I find you obnoxious and pompous– Do me a favor. | 我觉得你是个令人讨厌的、夸夸其谈的…… 帮个忙好吗? |
[49:34] | When you see me in the office– do me a favor– walk the other way, okay? | 当你在办公室看见我―― 请你帮帮忙――绕着点走,行吗? |
[49:38] | And if Magruder tells you he’s gonna leave his wife, | 还有,要是麦格鲁德跟你说 他准备离开他妻子了, |
[49:41] | if I were you, I would keep my legs crossed. | 如果我是你,我就把双腿夹牢。 |
[49:45] | Don’t choke on your breakfast and die of asphyxiation. | 吃早饭别噎着了,那会窒息而死的, |
[49:47] | You’ll wind up unable to dislodge a large piece of toast, no matter how hard you cough. | 你会因一大块烤面包卡在喉头, 想咽咽不下去想咳咳不出来而挂掉的。 |
[49:58] | Mr. Magruder, you sent for– | 麦格鲁德先生,你让…… |
[50:00] | Oh. If you’ll all open your hymnbooks to page 90– | 噢,请大家把赞美诗集翻倒第90页…… |
[50:05] | Sit down, C. W. We have a situation. | 坐下,C.W.。我们有新情况。 |
[50:09] | Your brother looks good. The embalmer did nice work. | 你弟弟看上去不错, 他的遗体整容师干得不赖。 |
[50:12] | I’ll let the Coopersmiths bring you up to date. | 我请库珀史密斯兄弟汇报下最新进展。 |
[50:14] | After careful search, using some of the most up-to-minute techniques, | 经过仔细检查,并利用一些最新的技术, |
[50:19] | we found some interesting clues. | 我们找到了一些很有意思的线索。 |
[50:21] | Yeah? Leading to who, Eleanor Roosevelt? | 是吗?指向谁,埃莉诺斯・罗斯福夫人? |
[50:23] | We got a shoe print off the parapet at the Kensington place. | 我们在肯辛顿家的 矮墙外面取到了一个鞋印。 |
[50:26] | So? | 那又怎样? |
[50:28] | An eight-and-a-half “C” Florsheim cordovan. | 那是一只八号半“C”尺码、“富乐绅”牌的 哥多华【西班牙】皮鞋留下的。 |
[50:31] | Only worn by 20 million Americans. | 两千万美国人穿这种鞋。 |
[50:33] | I mean, I wear an eight-and-a-half”C” cordovan Florsheim shoe. | 我是说,我就穿八号半“C”尺码、 “富乐绅”牌的哥多华皮鞋。 |
[50:37] | For the money, you cannot get a better shoe. | 噢对了,这种鞋真是物超所值。 |
[50:41] | We also found a couple of hairs. | 我们还发现了两根头发。 |
[50:43] | One on the rug at the Kensington place, the other one actually inside the Dillworth safe. | 一根在肯辛顿家的地毯上, 另一根是在迪尔沃斯的保险箱内。 |
[50:47] | They match. | 它们是一个人的。 |
[50:49] | Forgive me if I’m not knocked out. | 原谅我,我没有晕过去。 |
[50:52] | Oh, we don’t mean just to each other. They match yours. | 噢,我们的意思是不仅是一个人的, 它们就是你的。 |
[50:56] | Just like the eight-and-a-half “C”cordovans. | 就像那八号半“C”的哥多华皮鞋。 |
[50:59] | Hey, fellas. I know you guys are angling for my job– | 嘿,伙计们,我知道你们俩 一直觊觎我的工作…… |
[51:02] | We also got a fingerprint off the matchbook. | 我们还取下了纸版火柴上的指纹。 |
[51:05] | You got a fingerprint off a matchbook? | 你们还取下了纸版火柴上的指纹啦? |
[51:08] | The Coopersmith lab uses highly sensitive apparatus. | 库珀史密斯的实验室 采用了高灵敏的仪器。 |
[51:10] | – You’re not gonna tell me it’s mine? – It is, C.W. | – 你们不会说那也是我的吧? – 就是,C.W.。 |
[51:14] | Well, so what? So I leave a footprint on the parapet, | 是吗?那又怎样? 可能我是在矮墙外留下过脚印, |
[51:18] | or I inadvertently drop a matchbook. | 或不经意间落下个纸版火柴。 |
[51:20] | The matchbook was found before you got over to the place. | 纸版火柴是在你去那地方之前找到的。 |
[51:23] | You guys don’t doubt my honesty, do you? | 你们不会怀疑我的诚实性,对吧? |
[51:27] | Let me tell you, I was a Boy Scout for three years. | 因为我来告诉你们, 我以前当过三年的童子军。 |
[51:29] | I got a number of merit badges home, and my clergyman, | 我家里有一大堆荣誉徽章, 领导我的牧师… |
[51:32] | who happens right now to be wanted for pederasty, will vouch for me. | 可以为我作证,可惜他现在因为 |
[51:36] | Nobody’s making any accusations. | 性骚扰男童而正被通缉。 没人指控你什么。 |
[51:39] | You do have some outstanding debt from expensive sports betting– | 但是你的确陷入了债务危机, 因为大笔下赌赛事―― |
[51:42] | baseball, the ponies. | 棒球啦,跑马啦。 |
[51:44] | Are you guys investigating me? | 嘿,你们在调查我? |
[51:46] | C.W., I assure you, this is only an inquiry in-house at this time. | C.W.,我向你保证, 目前这仅是内部的质询。 |
[51:51] | We don’t want the police to know about it, and we’re not looking for bad publicity. | 我们不会让警察知道这些, 我们可不想毁了公众形象。 |
[51:55] | Miss Fitzgerald, what do you think? Say something. | 菲茨杰拉德小姐,你有什么看法? 说点什么啊! |
[51:58] | You’re a bright woman. You think I did it? | 我是说,你是个聪明的女人, 你也以为是我干的? |
[52:01] | Please, C. W., let’s not have our daily bloodbath between you and Miss Fitzgerald. | 拜托,C.W.,别又把它变成了 你和菲茨杰拉德小姐之间的日常肉搏。 |
[52:05] | – She’s not an investigator. – But she’s a very bright woman. She’s got a lot of ideas. | – 她不是侦探。 – 但她是个非常聪明的女人, 她有许多想法的。 |
[52:09] | She was the one who brought these two mouth breathers in on this case. | 是她把这两个大嘴巴扯进了这个案子。 |
[52:12] | It’s nothin’ personal. We’re just building a case. | 嘿,C.W.,这不是针对你个人, 我们是在侦破案件。 |
[52:15] | We all want to catch a jewel thief. I’m on your side. | 是啊,但是…我们都想抓到珠宝窃贼, 我也在你们一边。 |
[52:18] | Fellas, I think we gotta get team jackets. | 伙计们,我在考虑我们是否 统一置办个队服啥的。 |
[52:23] | I want a resume of every employee who works here messengered to my apartment. | 罗茜,我想要份在此工作的 每一个雇员的简历,把它送到我住处。 |
[52:27] | Don’t worry, C.W. We’ll get to the bottom of this. | 别担心,C.W.,我们会追查到底的。 |
[52:31] | Oh, Miss Fitzgerald, I wanted to meet with you later. | 噢,菲茨杰拉德小姐, 晚些时候我要见你。 |
[52:34] | – About what, Mr. Magruder? – Our Paris account. | – 什么事,麦格鲁德先生? – 关于我们巴黎的帐户。 |
[52:37] | As I recall, that account is closed. | 据我所知,那账户已经关了。 |
[52:39] | I have to see you later. Just to talk. | 我必须见你,过些时候,就谈一谈。 |
[52:42] | I behaved like such a fool. Later, f-for a drink. Just for a drink. | 我的行为象个傻瓜。 等会儿,去喝一杯,就喝一杯。 |
[52:59] | [ Doorbell Ringing ] | [门铃声] |
[53:13] | Oh. Well. | 噢,乖乖! |
[53:15] | Can I come in? | 我可以进来吗? |
[53:18] | Yeah, sure. I-I’m shocked. | 可以啊,当然。我…我有点吃惊。 |
[53:20] | I– The place is a little messy. | 我…这地方有点小乱。 |
[53:22] | If I knew you were coming, I would have had the maid rearrange the dirt. | 要是我知道你会过来, 我会让女仆把垃圾重新整理一下。 |
[53:25] | Are you alone? | 你一个人吗? |
[53:28] | Alone? Yeah. Of course. | 一个人?当然是一个人。 本来应该打电话过来,但是我决定 |
[53:30] | I would have called, but I decided it was safer to talk to you in person. | 还是和你面谈比较安全。 – |
[53:33] | – What do you mean, “safer”? – I can’t stay long. | 你什么意思,“比较安全”? – |
[53:36] | Why? You gonna meet Magruder in Paris? | 我不会呆很长时间。 怎么?你要去巴黎会麦格鲁德? |
[53:38] | That’s none of your business. | 嘿,那不关你的事。 |
[53:40] | Thanks for coming to my defense today in the office. It was really nice of you. | 多谢你今天在办公室里 |
[53:44] | That’s what I wanted to talk to you about. | 站出来替我说话,真是对我不错。 |
[53:47] | The Coopersmith brothers had Laura Kensington in for questioning today. | 这就是我要来找你谈话的原因。 库珀史密斯兄弟今天找劳拉问过话了。 |
[53:51] | She told them she was with you the night before last… | 她跟他们说前天晚上她和你在一起, 还说你在半夜接到过个电话, |
[53:53] | and that you got a phone call in the middle of the night and began acting strangely… | 然后突然就表现得很奇怪, 把她赶了出去, |
[53:57] | and got rid of her because you had to go someplace at midnight? | 因为你要在深更半夜去某个地方。 嗯,我来告诉你,她在撒谎。 |
[54:00] | Well, let me tell you, she’s lying. | – 她为什么要撒谎? |
[54:02] | – Why would she lie? – Wh– Use your head. | – 为什…用你脑子想想, |
[54:05] | Would I kick Laura Kensington out of my bed at midnight? | 我会…我会在半夜三更 把劳拉・肯辛顿踢下我的床吗? |
[54:09] | Even if the president needed me. | 就算是总统叫我,我都不会去。 – |
[54:11] | – Why are you lying to me? – Why did you come here with this crazy story? | 你为什么还对我撒谎? – |
[54:15] | Because I should have spoken up at that meeting today. | 你究竟来干什么, 跟我讲这样不着边际的故事? 因为我也应该在今天的那个会上说两句的, |
[54:17] | Because while I think you’re a mealy-mouthed little… | 因为尽管我认为你是个油嘴滑舌的小… – |
[54:20] | – Reptile. – reptile– thank you– I don’t think you’re a jewel thief. | 爬虫【卑鄙奸诈之人】。 – 爬虫…谢谢…但是我不认为你会去偷珠宝。 |
[54:23] | – What makes you so positive? – It’s too daring for you. | – 为什么你这么肯定? |
[54:26] | You’re not romantic enough. It requires flair and imagination. | – 因为你没那么大胆子, |
[54:29] | My instinct’s telling me you’re not the one. | 你不够那么浪漫。 那需要本领和想象。 我的直觉告诉我你不是那样的人。 |
[54:32] | – I didn’t think you had instincts. – I have them. | – 你知道,我不认为你有什么直觉。 – |
[54:34] | I don’t usually trust them, especially when it comes to sizing up men, | 我有直觉。 只是我通常不太相信自己的直觉, 尤其当我要评判男人时, |
[54:37] | but this time I can feel it. | 但这次我觉得我没错。 |
[54:39] | You’re good at weaselly type things, like snooping and spying. | 你喜欢干些鬼鬼祟祟的事情, 比如说窥探和监视啥的, |
[54:42] | You’re not man enough to be a cat burglar. | 但你不至于男人得去做飞蟊贼。 – |
[54:45] | – You sound like you’re attracted to men who break the law. – We’re not here to discuss me. | 你听起来像是很被那些无法无天的坏人所吸引。 – 我们在这儿不是讨论我。 |
[54:48] | We’re here to talk about what Laura Kensington told the Coopersmiths. | 我们是要谈劳拉・肯辛顿 |
[54:52] | Laura Kensington wasn’t here. | 告诉库珀史密斯兄弟的事。 劳拉・肯辛顿没来过。 |
[54:54] | She– You’re making– Laura Kensington was not here. | 她…你是在瞎… 劳拉・肯辛顿没来过。 |
[54:58] | She said she left her stocking here. | 她说她把袜子忘在这儿了。 |
[55:01] | Hey, that could be anybody’s. I don’t know– | 嘿,那可以是任何人的, 我不知道…… |
[55:03] | A lot of women pass through this apartment. | 你看,有很多女人出入这间屋子。 |
[55:05] | I’m not saying they’re all winners, but there’s a lot of action here. | 我不是说她们都是优胜者, 但是这儿的确有不少活动。 |
[55:08] | I’m sure you’re not overly particular. | 我想你也没什么与众不同。 |
[55:11] | Look. What do you want from me? [ Stammering ] | 你看,你想从我这儿得到什么?[结巴] 我碰巧比较欣赏 |
[55:13] | I happen to enjoy the proximity of a well-proportioned member of the opposite sex. | 有身材匀称的异性成员陪伴左右, |
[55:18] | That’s how God created us, and why should I be the one to quibble with His concept? | 那也是造物主创造我们的原因, 我为什么要违背他的旨意呢? |
[55:23] | I came to tell you a case is building against you. Be honest with me ! | 我来这里是想告诉,你这个案子 对你越来越不利了。对我诚实一点! |
[55:26] | – I’m honest. I’m honest. – Where did you get this stocking? | – 我很诚实!我很诚实! |
[55:28] | It’s some broad’s. | – 这只袜子是哪里来的? 是某个女人的。 |
[55:30] | The women that are here, they lose an earring, a stocking, I don’t know. | 你知道,女人来这里,她们落下个耳环, 忘掉只袜子,我不知道。 |
[55:33] | Laura Kensington says it’s hers. She also says she tipped the super. | 劳拉・肯辛顿说这是她的。 她还说她给了看门的小费, 他放她进来的, |
[55:36] | He let her in here, and that story checks out. | 这些说法都核实了。 – 不管是谁,都不要说我在这儿。 |
[55:40] | – Whoever that is, I’m not here. – What? Wh– | – 什么?怎么回…… – |
[55:45] | – Who is it? – It’s Herb andJoe Coopersmith. | 谁啊? – 是赫伯和乔・库珀史密斯。 |
[55:47] | I don’t want to be seen here! | 我不想被他们看到我在这儿! |
[55:49] | Why? What’s the problem? What am I, a leper? | 为什么啊?怎么回事? 我是什么人,麻风病人? |
[55:51] | You’re under suspicion. I would have a lot of explaining to do. | 你现在是嫌疑人,我会有口难辩的。 |
[55:54] | You know, I think you’re still hooked on Magruder. | 你知道吗?我猜是因为 你仍想和麦格鲁德好。 |
[55:56] | That’s why you don’t– Go down the end of the hall. | 这就是为什么你不想…… |
[55:59] | There’s a bedroom. Shut the door. Go in the bedroom. | 走到过道尽头, 那儿是卧室。把门关上,到卧室里面去。 |
[56:01] | Can I sit down in there, or will I catch something? | 我可以到那里面坐下吗? |
[56:04] | Germs can’t live in your bloodstream. It’s too cold. | 我不会染上什么病吧? |
[56:14] | [ Herb ] Let’s go, C. W. Open up. | 细菌在你血管里活不了,因为太冷了。 快点啊,C.W.,快开门。 |
[56:16] | Coming ! | 来了! 嘿,伙计们。 |
[56:27] | Hey, fellas. You sure you got the right apartment? | 你们确定你们没走错门? 放干酪的老鼠夹在地下室啊。 |
[56:29] | The traps with the cheese are in the basement. | – 我们能进来吗? |
[56:32] | – Can we come in? – Now, wait a minute. | – 慢着,等等。 |
[56:34] | I got a chorus girl in the back room, and if I don’t hurry up– | 我后面的房间里有个歌舞团的姑娘, 要是我不赶快…… |
[56:38] | Wouldn’t be Laura Kensington, would it? | 不会是劳拉・肯辛顿吧,是吗? |
[56:40] | Laura Kensington? I don’t know. | 劳拉・肯辛顿?我不知道。 |
[56:42] | They all look the same upside down. I can never tell. | 她们倒个个儿以后看起来都一样, 我区分不出来。 |
[56:45] | She says she was here the other night, | 她说那天晚上她在这儿, |
[56:47] | till you dumped her to go out on mysterious middle-of-the-night business. | 直到你突然就把她甩了, 出去执行某项神秘的深夜任务。 |
[56:50] | Hey, would I dump Laura Kensington? I eat Wheaties. | 嘿,我会把劳拉・肯辛顿甩了? 我也吃“维蒂斯”麦片【正常人】。 |
[56:54] | Problem is, Eddie, the night guard from the North Coast building, says you, uh, | 问题是,艾迪,那个“北岸”楼里的 |
[56:59] | made some strange middle-of-the-night visits to your office… | 夜班保安,说你,呃… 在发生盗窃的那两个晚上, |
[57:02] | both nights the robberies took place. | 都奇怪地在深夜… |
[57:05] | Fellas, I’d love to chat with you, but, you know, | 造访过你的办公室。 伙计们,我很乐意和你们小谈片刻, |
[57:07] | there’s a nurse in the other room there, and– | 但是,你知道… |
[57:09] | I thought you said she was a chorus girl. | 有个护士在那个房间里,所以…… 我想你刚才说她是个歌舞团的姑娘。 |
[57:11] | Who does a little nursing? Give me a break. | 她也做点护理。饶了我吧。 |
[57:14] | Come on. We can discuss this tomorrow, can’t we? | 行了,我们可以明天早上 |
[57:17] | I don’t know how you can still make love with this on your mind. | 接着讨论,可以吗? 我不理解有这样的事情缠身, |
[57:20] | You know, you’re facing a long jail sentence. | 你怎么还有心思做爱。 你知道,你面临的将是长期监禁。 |
[57:22] | That’s exactly why I gotta get in all I can now. | 这正是为什么现在 我得抓紧时间进去了啊。 |
[57:25] | Yeah? Well, we’re gonna turn this over to the police tomorrow. | 是吗?好吧,我们准备明天就报告警察。 |
[57:28] | You can see. There’s a case developing that’s pretty incriminating. | 你等着瞧好了, |
[57:32] | This is circumstantial evidence. That’s all you got. | 因这起案子会定你个大罪的。 |
[57:34] | Many a man’s gone to the gallows on circumstantial evidence. | 都是间接证据,你们只有这些。 许多人被间接证据送上了绞架。 |
[57:38] | Well, fellas, the gallows are gonna have to wait, | 好吧,伙计们, 绞架不得不等一会儿了, |
[57:40] | because I got a cocktail waitress in the other room now, and I– | 因为现在我还有个鸡尾酒女服务生 在那间屋子里等着,我…… |
[57:43] | – Cocktail waitress? – Yeah, a nurse, you know, | – 鸡尾酒女服务生? |
[57:45] | who– who’s a little bit of a chorus girl, | – 是的,她是护士,你知道, 她…嗯…她也在歌舞团练练, |
[57:48] | and she works a lounge now and then. | 她…她还时不时地在餐馆打打工。 |
[57:50] | If you catch the jewel thief, let me know. | 要是你们抓住了那个珠宝窃贼,请通知我。 |
[57:52] | – I’ll get you both new yo-yos. – Yeah. | – 我会给你们俩各买个新溜溜球耍耍。 – 是啊。 他们走…… – 这是什么? – 我在… 浏览你的书架, 我找到了这副裸体扑克牌和这些。 这是…你怎么…… 这是…这是肯辛顿的珠宝。 这是…这是迪尔沃斯的珠宝…这…… 这是…你为什么…… 你为什么这么看着我? 就因为你发现珠宝和我的 女性艺术研究收藏同在一处? |
[57:57] | They’re– | |
[58:01] | – What is this? – I was… | |
[58:04] | browsing through your bookshelf, | |
[58:06] | and I found this deck of naked playing cards and these. | |
[58:11] | This is– What do you– | |
[58:13] | This is– This is the Kensington jewels. | |
[58:15] | This is the– This is the Dillworth jewels and the– the– | |
[58:18] | This is– What are you– | |
[58:22] | What are you looking at me like that for? | |
[58:24] | Because you found them in amongst my collection of female art studies? | |
[58:28] | What is the implication here? | 你…你到底想暗示什么嘛? |
[58:30] | I used to go with the six of spades. | 我通常是和黑桃六幽会, 但是方块四逮住我俩在一起了, |
[58:32] | Then the four of diamonds caught us together and there was a– | 于是有了场…… |
[58:35] | I was aware that you sneaked up mysteriously to the office in the middle of the night… | 我知道你在深更半夜 神秘地溜进办公室, |
[58:38] | and the lobby guard saw you. | 被大厅保安看见过。 |
[58:40] | I know you have Laura Kensington’s stocking, and she swears… | 我知道你有劳拉・肯辛顿的袜子, 她发誓说… |
[58:43] | you kicked her out of bed to take care of sudden business, which your super corroborates. | 你把她赶下了床去执行某项突如其来的任务, 这已经得到你的门房的证实。 |
[58:47] | They have a footprint, a matchbook with your fingerprint, | 他们有一个脚印, 一个留有你指纹的纸版火柴, |
[58:49] | and still I believed that you didn’t do it. | 我仍然相信那不是你干的。 |
[58:53] | But now the actual stolen property turns up hidden in your bedroom. | 可是现在,这些被盗的实物 居然被发现藏在你的卧室里。 |
[58:58] | So what are you saying? This makes you suspicious of me? | 那么你什么意思? 这使你开始怀疑起我来啦? |
[59:00] | I was actually a bit touched that you stayed up all night watching over me. | 当你说你一夜没睡看护我的时候, 我实际上被你有点感动了。 |
[59:04] | I began to think, ” Maybe he’s not the scummy little vermin he seems to be.” | 我开始想:“也许他并不像看上去那样, 是个卑劣的小害虫。” |
[59:09] | I may be a scummy vermin, but I’m an honest scummy vermin. | 我也许是个卑劣的小害虫, 但是我是个诚实的卑劣的小害虫。 |
[59:12] | – I didn’t take these jewels. – How can you deny it? | – 我没有拿这些珠宝。 – 你怎么还敢否认? |
[59:14] | – You’ve been caught red-handed. – Yes, I– | – 你被人赃俱获。 |
[59:17] | What– I’m– I grant you, there’s a fingerprint of me, | – 是的,我…… |
[59:21] | and they have a footprint, and the jewels are in my bedroom. | 我想…我…我同意你说的, 那儿有我的指纹, 他们有我的脚印,珠宝在我卧室里。 |
[59:24] | This I give you. | 这些我都承认。 – |
[59:26] | – I’m starting to think I’m in tremendous trouble here. – I’m calling the police. | 我开始考虑我是不是有大麻烦了。 – |
[59:30] | No. Will you forget about logic and give me the benefit of the doubt? | 我去给警察打电话。 别啊!你能不能把逻辑先暂放一边, 行行好再相信我一次? |
[59:33] | – Ha ! That makes me an accessory. – Not if I’m innocent. | – 哈!那我岂不成了同谋。 – 要是我无辜的话就不是。 |
[59:36] | You don’t have a kosher bone in your body. | 可是你的身体里 没有一块正当的骨头。 |
[59:38] | That’s exactly why you get yourselves into these problems. | 等等,这就是为什么 |
[59:42] | That’s why Magruder’s waiting for you, right? | 你总是惹上那些麻烦。 这就是为什么 |
[59:44] | You make all the wrong decisions ’cause you make ’em here, not here. | 麦格鲁德总是等你,不是吗? 你总是作出错误的决定, |
[59:48] | Decisions made here are not as reliable as here, | 因为你在这儿作决定,而不是这儿。 在这儿作决定不如在这儿作决定可靠, |
[59:50] | because this is gray cells and this is blood, | 因为这儿是灰色细胞而这儿是血液, |
[59:53] | and blood circulates through the body. | 血液循环到全身。 |
[59:55] | It gets around. It knows what the score is. | 它四处跑动,它了解真实情况。 |
[59:57] | But up here, gray cells just lay there and think. | 但是这儿呢,灰色细胞就摆在那儿思考。 |
[1:00:00] | – You see what I’m saying? – [ Phone Rings ] | – 你明白我在说什么吗? – [电话铃声] |
[1:00:01] | – You see what I’m saying? – [ Phone Rings ] | – 你明白我在说什么吗? – [电话铃声] |
[1:00:05] | – Hello? – Constantinople. | – 喂? – 君士坦丁堡。 |
[1:00:09] | You will take the jewels, each and every one of them. | 你将取出珠宝,每一件珠宝, |
[1:00:11] | Make sure you have them all. | 你要确定一件都不能拉下。 |
[1:00:13] | Wrap them tightly in brown paper so it’s impossible for anyone to tell what they are. | 把它们用牛皮纸紧紧包住, 以至于没人能看出来里面是什么。 |
[1:00:17] | Go to Grand Central Station. Rent a locker. Lock them in. | 然后去“中央车站”,租一个存物柜, 把东西锁在里面。 |
[1:00:21] | Go home, taking the key with you, and put the key in your mailbox. | 接着回家,带上柜子钥匙, 把钥匙放进你的信箱。 |
[1:00:25] | Make sure to leave the mailbox open. | 要确定让信箱的门开着。 |
[1:00:27] | Then you will go into a deep, refreshing slumber, and when you awake, | 然后你就上床沉睡一觉, 直到神清气爽地醒来, |
[1:00:31] | you will remember nothing of what has transpired. | 这时你对所发生过的一切, |
[1:00:33] | Is that clear? | 不会有丁点记忆。 清楚了吗? |
[1:00:41] | Miss Fitzgerald? | 菲茨杰拉德小姐? |
[1:00:44] | Have– Have I ever told you… | 我…我有没有告诉过你… |
[1:00:48] | that you’re one of the most beautiful women I’ve ever met? | 你是我见到过的最美丽的女人之一? |
[1:00:52] | – I’m turning you in. – No, I mean it. | – 我这就去告发你。 – 不,我说的是真心话。 |
[1:00:55] | That’s what made me first fall in love with you is those beautiful eyes. | 第一个让我爱上你的原因 是你那双美丽的眼睛。 |
[1:00:58] | I can’t believe it. You’re actually trying to sweet-talk me? | 真不敢相信,你这是在试图 用花言巧语哄骗我? |
[1:01:02] | I resisted because, well, down deep… | 我自己也克制过, |
[1:01:04] | I thought that you might hurt me, | 因为你知道,在我内心深处, 我以为你可能会伤害我, |
[1:01:06] | and I didn’t want to put myself in that position again. | 我不希望将自己再次置于那样的境地。 |
[1:01:09] | C.W., let me set you straight once and for all. | C.W.,让我一劳永逸地跟你挑明了吧。 |
[1:01:11] | I wouldn’t be interested in you if you were the last man on Earth. | 即使你是地球上最后一个男人, 我都不会对你有任何兴趣。 |
[1:01:14] | Not only that, I find it insulting that you could think… | 不仅如此,我觉得这简直是种侮辱, 你竟然会以为… |
[1:01:16] | I would fall for such a heavy-handed ploy. | 我会落入你这么笨拙的圈套。 |
[1:01:19] | What a low opinion of me you must have. | 你也把我看得太贱了! |
[1:01:21] | Thank you for dropping by. | 谢谢你过来。 |
[1:01:23] | I’m a little busy right now, but tomorrow night, maybe we could have dinner. | 我现在有点急事,但是明天晚上, 也许我们可以共进晚餐。 |
[1:01:26] | I know a candlelight restaurant. | 我知道家烛光餐馆。 |
[1:01:28] | I could look into your eyes and tell you how crazy about you I am. | 我会望着你的眼睛, 告诉你我有多么地迷恋你。 |
[1:01:32] | If I didn’t know what a squirming little trapped rat you were, | 要是我不了解你本来就是这样一个 |
[1:01:35] | I’d think you had a brain tumor. | 被耗子夹夹住的蠕动着的小耗子的话, 我一定会认为你脑子里长瘤子了。 |
[1:01:55] | – You’re late. – God, I’m still trembling. | – 你来晚了。 – 老天,我还在发抖。 |
[1:01:58] | Over last night? I couldn’t sleep a wink. | 因为昨晚的事?我也一夜未合眼。 |
[1:02:00] | It’s not that, Chris. It’s Briggs. | 不是因为那,克里斯。是布里格斯。 |
[1:02:04] | He’s guilty, isn’t he? It’s a sad story. | 他有罪,是吗?真是悲哀。 |
[1:02:07] | Please don’t make me go into all the details, | 请别要求我说出所有细节, |
[1:02:09] | but I wonder if he’s having some kind of mental breakdown. | 我很怀疑他精神是否不太正常。 |
[1:02:13] | He may be realizing the consequences of his deeds. | 他也许意识到了他的行为的后果。 |
[1:02:16] | -The Coopersmiths are closing in on him. -Could he have… | – 库珀史密斯兄弟快逮住他了。 – 他会不会有… |
[1:02:19] | a split personality? | 分裂人格? |
[1:02:21] | A lot of criminals have been known to play crafty games when it suited their purposes. | 我们知道有好多罪犯为了达到他们的目的, 会玩一些诡计多端的把戏。 |
[1:02:24] | I need a drink. | 我要喝点什么。 |
[1:02:27] | If I tell you something, do you promise not to go off half-cocked? | 要是我告诉你什么事,你能不能答应我 别听到一半就跳起来? |
[1:02:31] | Okay, but hurry. I’ve got some big news. | 好的,但是快点。我有重要消息。 |
[1:02:34] | – I found the jewels. – What? | – 我找到珠宝了。 – 什么? |
[1:02:48] | And keep me apprised, will you? Thank you. | 有新情况通知我,行吗?谢谢。 |
[1:02:54] | The police are on the way, thank God. | 警察已经行动了,感谢上帝。 |
[1:02:56] | It’s an open-and-shut case. | 这是个一目了然的案子。 |
[1:02:58] | Much as I cringe at the publicity, I’m elated at the recovery. | 尽管现在我很害怕面对公众, 但我还是为找回珠宝而高兴。 |
[1:03:01] | It’s clear there’s so much more to this, Chris. | 很显然这起案子的意义非同寻常,克里斯。 |
[1:03:05] | Oh, I’ve seen men driven to extremes before being around big money. | 噢,我见到过人们为了获得大钱, 什么手段都使得出来。 |
[1:03:09] | These guys earn their living exposing… | 那些家伙就是靠… |
[1:03:11] | all kinds of exotic schemes to defraud and rob people. | 不择手段地欺骗或盗窃别人而活着。 |
[1:03:14] | Sometimes they start thinking, ” Hey, I’m on the inside. I know why these schemes fail. | 有时他们会想:“嘿,我是内部的人, 我知道为什么其他人会失手。 |
[1:03:17] | I won’t make the same mistakes.” | 我不会犯同样的错误。” |
[1:03:19] | You’re saying he’s cracked from so many years of hard work? | 你是说他是因为这么多年来一直努力工作 而最终导致失常的? |
[1:03:23] | He’s a driven man. Had a terrible marital experience. | 他是个有紧迫感的人, 有过一次很糟糕的婚姻经历, |
[1:03:28] | Turned him off women, except for the little no-threat secretaries… | 使得他害怕和女性接触, 除了那些对他没什么威胁的小秘书, |
[1:03:31] | and barflies he picks up. | 和他在酒吧里碰到的女人。 |
[1:03:33] | Crushed when he caught his wife cheating. | 当他发现她妻子欺骗他时,他彻底崩溃了。 |
[1:03:36] | He’s feeling older and looks around and says, | 他正感觉自己越来越老, 于是他看一下周围说: |
[1:03:38] | ” Hey, maybe it’s time I get mine and get out.” | “嘿,也许这一次轮到我了, 不会被逮住的。” |
[1:03:41] | Guy named Peterson a couple of years ago tried the same. | 几年前有个叫彼得森的家伙也这样试过。 |
[1:03:43] | Of course, he’s a houseguest at Sing Sing these days. | 当然,他现在是 “辛辛监狱【纽约州】”的客人了。 |
[1:03:46] | Well, I’m sure you know him better than I do. | 噢,我肯定你比我要了解他得多。 |
[1:03:49] | It’ll resolve itself. | 顺其自然吧。 |
[1:03:52] | Um, Betty Ann, I spoke with Caroline. | 嗯,贝蒂・安,我和卡罗琳谈过了。 |
[1:03:57] | – You did? – I told her I wanted my freedom. | – 是吗? – 我告诉她我想要自由。 |
[1:04:02] | – Really? – Isn’t that fabulous? | – 真的? – 是不是不相信? |
[1:04:04] | It’s surprising. | 有点意外。 |
[1:04:06] | I thought you’d be knocked off your feet. | 我以为你会大吃一惊的。 |
[1:04:08] | Well, I mean, it was last night. | 唔,我是说,因为昨晚的事, |
[1:04:12] | – It’s sort of like a roller coaster. – Forget about last night. | – 有点像坐过山车。 – |
[1:04:14] | I knew I’d made a mistake the minute I left your apartment. | 忘掉昨晚吧。 我一离开你的公寓, 我就知道自己做错了。 |
[1:04:17] | What did she say? | 她怎么说? |
[1:04:19] | I think she sensed we’d been drifting apart. | 我想她感觉到了我们渐行渐远, |
[1:04:22] | She was very poised. | 她很镇静。 |
[1:04:24] | Said if I was sure that’s what I wanted, uh– | 她说如果我确定这就是我想要的,呃…… |
[1:04:28] | -Thank you. -I’ll have another one of these, please. | – 谢谢。 – 请再给我来一杯这个。 |
[1:04:30] | Sure. | 好的。 |
[1:04:32] | You’re certainly not as euphoric as I’d imagined. | 你显然没有我想象中的那么兴奋。 |
[1:04:35] | Well, you can’t expect me to just change gears and turn on a dime. | 唔,你不能指望我这么快就换档急转吧。 |
[1:04:41] | – Have you changed your mind? – Mmm. | – 你改变主意了吗? – 唔嗯。 |
[1:04:44] | -No. -You haven’t met someone else, have you? | – 没有。 |
[1:04:47] | No, no, I haven’t. | – 你没遇见别的什么人吧,是吗? 不,不,没有。 |
[1:04:58] | I don’t understand, fellas. What– What’s going on? What’d I do? | 我不明白,伙计们。 怎么…怎么回事?我干了什么? |
[1:05:02] | Yes, those are the ones. They were in his bookcase. | 是的,就是这些。 它们在他的书架里。 |
[1:05:06] | He bets every day, and, uh, and he usually loses. | 他每天都赌,呃…他通常都是输。 |
[1:05:11] | I knew he was into the bookmakers for a bundle. | 我知道他把一笔笔的钱交给下注的人。 |
[1:05:13] | Look, I was with him on Tuesday night till about 1 2:00. | 你看,我星期二晚上和他在一起, 一直到大约12点。 |
[1:05:16] | Then suddenly he got a phone call and he was like a different man. | 然后突然他接到个电话, |
[1:05:21] | If it was anyone else but C.W., | 他就象变了一个人。 如果换成是别的什么人而不是C.W., |
[1:05:24] | we wouldn’t even be discussing this. | 我们根本不用讨论这个。 |
[1:05:27] | The jewels were in his locker. It’s an airtight case. | 珠宝在他租的存物柜里, 这个案子没任何漏洞。 |
[1:05:29] | Listen, fellas, I know you guys wanted my job, | 听着,伙计们,我知道你们想要我的工作, |
[1:05:32] | but I could get 30 years up the river for this. | 但这会让我在狱中呆上三十年的。 |
[1:05:35] | With good behavior, you’ll be out in 20. | 要是你表现好,二十年就可以出来了。 |
[1:05:37] | – [ Laughing ] – I’ll get you. No matter where you are. | – [笑声] – 我会找到你们的, 不管你们到那儿,我会一追到底。 |
[1:05:39] | I’ll check every low-I.Q. club in town, and I’ll find you. I’ll kill you. | 我会到城里的每一个低智商的夜总会去找, 我会找到你们,我会杀了你们。 |
[1:05:42] | – Low I.Q. Some genius. – I’ll kill these guys. | – 低智商?真是天才。 – 我要杀了这俩家伙。 |
[1:05:45] | – Take it easy. – I’m not one to give pious lectures, | – 别那么紧张。 – 我并不想故作姿态地唱些假惺惺的高调,C.W., |
[1:05:47] | but if you needed money, you could have come to me. | 但是当初如果你需要钱, 你应该可以来找我, |
[1:05:50] | I would have listened. I warned you about your gambling habit. | 我会听你说的。 噢,我警告过你你的赌博习惯。 |
[1:05:53] | Can’t you see what a conspiracy this is? | 你还不明白吗?这是个阴谋! |
[1:05:55] | They plant a footprint and a fingerprint, | 他们把脚印和指纹栽赃给我, |
[1:05:57] | and the night watchman forges my signature. | 那个夜晚的保安伪造了我的签名, |
[1:06:00] | It’s easy. And this crazy girl who smokes opium makes up a story. | 这很容易。还有那个疯狂的女孩 抽了大烟编了这个故事。 |
[1:06:03] | And Fitzgerald plants the jewels in my apartment. | 菲茨杰拉德把那些珠宝 放到了我的房间。 |
[1:06:06] | There’s a word for people who think everyone is conspiring against them. | 有个词形容这样的人, 他认为所有人都在暗地里和他作对。 |
[1:06:08] | – That’s right. Perceptive. – C. W., | – 没错,“有洞察力”。 |
[1:06:11] | you tried to swallow the key to the locker at Grand Central Station… | 在“中央车站”我们找到赃物时, 你试图把存物柜的… |
[1:06:14] | where we found the stolen goods. | 钥匙吞下肚子。 |
[1:06:16] | – You got any witnesses? – Yeah, me ! | – 你有证人吗? – 有啊,我! |
[1:06:19] | You gonna take your word over mine? | 你会以为你说的比我说的可信吗? |
[1:06:21] | Let’s get him over to the courthouse and book him. | 把他带到法庭去,我们来起诉他。 |
[1:06:23] | You better get a lawyer, C.W. | 你最好找个律师了,C.W.。 |
[1:06:25] | I’m shocked. This is one of my best men. | 难以置信,我真的很震惊。 这是我最得力的人之一。 |
[1:06:27] | You know how long I’ve known this guy? Tommy, come with me. | 开玩笑,你知道我认识这家伙有多久了吗? 汤米,跟我来。 |
[1:06:29] | Yeah, Mike, I’m right behind ya. I’m sorry about this, C.W. | 好的,迈克,我马上来。 非常抱歉,C.W.。 |
[1:06:32] | I’ll make the arrangements. Stick around. | 我会照应的,好好呆着。 |
[1:06:52] | Well, well, well. | 乖乖隆嘀个咚! |
[1:06:54] | If it isn’t Mr. Fast-Talkin’ Investigator… | 这不是俺们的“碎嘴大侦探”先生吗? |
[1:06:57] | who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. | 咋也被抓个现行啦? |
[1:07:00] | Did I really throw you out of bed? | 嘿,我真的把你赶下床去过吗? |
[1:07:02] | Why? You planning on using the insanity defense? | 怎么?你打算以精神错乱为自己辩护? |
[1:07:05] | Listen, honey, I gotta get some help, and you’re gonna help me. | 听着,亲爱的,我需要些帮助, 你一定愿意帮我的。 |
[1:07:08] | – Am I? – Yes. | – 是吗? – 是的。 |
[1:07:11] | – And what makes you think that? – This is your kind of thing. | – 为什么你会这么认为? – 因为这很合你的脾性。 |
[1:07:13] | – And what makes you think that? – This is your kind of thing. | – 为什么你会这么认为? – 因为这很合你的脾性。 |
[1:07:14] | This’ll look great on your resume. | 你知道,这会在你的履历里大书一笔。 |
[1:07:16] | A suspected felon, a daring escape from police headquarters, broad daylight. | 一个重罪嫌疑犯,在光天化日之下, 从警察总部悍然出逃。 |
[1:07:21] | [ Stammering ] You like this kind of thing. | [结巴]你喜欢这样的故事。 |
[1:07:23] | Go over to that top drawer over there. | 快去那边,最上面的那个抽屉。 |
[1:07:25] | They took the handcuffs outta the second drawer from the left. | 他们从左边第二个抽屉里拿出来的手铐。 |
[1:07:28] | – There’s gotta be a key in there. – Nervous. | – 那儿一定还有把钥匙。 – 刺激。 |
[1:07:30] | See if there’s a key. Go. Hurry up. Come on. | 看看有没有钥匙。 快去,快点!求你了! |
[1:07:34] | Don’t– Hur– Gotta make this fast. | 别…快…动作快点啊! |
[1:07:36] | Otherwise, I’m gonna be– They’ll put me away. | 不然的话,我会…你知道, 他们会把我关起来的, |
[1:07:38] | I’ll be showering with all men for the rest of my life. | 我会在和所有男人一起洗澡中 |
[1:07:41] | Hey, miss, I’m sorry. No one’s allowed in here. | 渡过我的余生。 嘿,小姐,对不起,不允许呆在这儿。 |
[1:07:45] | You wanna come with me? | 跟我过来好吗? |
[1:07:59] | Let’s go, miss. You’re not allowed in here. | 走吧,小姐。你不能呆在这儿。 |
[1:08:01] | Come on. Unless you wanna get locked up too. | 快点,除非你也想被铐起来。 |
[1:08:04] | – I’m sorry things didn’t work out, C.W. – Come on. Let’s go. | – 对不起,C.W.,事没办成。 – 快点,走吧。 |
[1:08:07] | – Yeah? You wanna lock me up? – What’s wrong with you? | – 是吗?你想把我铐起来? – 你怎么回事? |
[1:08:09] | -Just take your hands off me ! – Something wrong with you? | – 把你的手拿开! – |
[1:08:40] | Caroline and I are working on the details of the separation agreement now. | 嘿,你怎么回事? 卡罗琳和我现在正 商讨我们离婚协议的细节。 |
[1:08:43] | I’ll be out of the house in two weeks. The divorce will take longer. | 两星期内我就会搬出来, 当然,离婚需要花更长时间。 |
[1:08:47] | That’s why the agreement has to be securely in place. | 这就是为什么必须得先把协议搞定, |
[1:08:49] | Otherwise, it could get killed if we were found together. | 不然的话,要是我们被发现在一起, 那一切都黄啦。 |
[1:08:53] | – Where are you? – Do you think he’s really guilty? | – 你在想什么? – 你认为他真的有罪吗? |
[1:08:56] | – Is that what you’re thinking about? – I can’t shake this uneasy feeling. | – 难道现在你就在想这个? – 我无法摆脱这种心神不定的感觉。 |
[1:09:00] | What? That he’s innocent? He was caught red-handed. | 什么感觉?他是无辜的? |
[1:09:02] | Believe me, it just doesn’t feel right. | 他被抓个人赃俱获! 相信我,就是感觉不太对头。 |
[1:09:04] | I don’t see that snoopy little termite as a romantic jewel thief. | 我想不通他那样个爱偷窥的小白蚁 会是个浪漫的珠宝窃贼。 |
[1:09:08] | Well, I’d hardly call breaking the law romantic. | 噢,我可不会把犯法称作浪漫。 |
[1:09:10] | – [ Phone Ringing ] – I didn’t mean it that way. | – [电话铃声] – 我不是那个意思。 |
[1:09:13] | What did you mean? The evidence against him is overwhelming. | 那你什么意思? 对他可以说是铁证如山。 |
[1:09:16] | – I don’t know what I mean anymore. – [ Ringing Continues ] | – 我也不知道我什么意思。 – [电话铃继续] |
[1:09:19] | Hello? Yes. | 你好。是的。 |
[1:09:22] | Yes, he is. Hold on. | 是的,他在。等等。 |
[1:09:26] | – It’s the Coopersmiths. – Thank you. | – 是库珀史密斯。 – 谢谢。 |
[1:09:29] | Hello. No. | 你好。不。 |
[1:09:32] | Really? Oh– Oh, how? | 真的?噢…噢,怎么会? |
[1:09:37] | Okay. Yes, I certainly will. | 好的。好的,我当然会。 |
[1:09:41] | If you had any doubts about his culpability, this should allay them. | 如果你对他的罪责还有什么怀疑, 那么这可以使你减轻你的怀疑。 |
[1:09:45] | – He escaped. – He did? | – 他逃跑了。 – 他逃跑了? |
[1:09:47] | Slipped out of the handcuffs and leaped across to the building next door. | 他挣脱了手铐, 跳到邻近的建筑物跑掉了。 |
[1:09:51] | – C.W. Briggs? – Like a common burglar. | – C.W.・布里格斯? – 像个普通的窃贼。 |
[1:09:55] | I’m starting to realize that none of us really knew him all these years. | 我开始意识到这些年来 我们当中没有人真正了解过他。 |
[1:09:58] | I have to go down to police headquarters. | 我必须到警察总部去。 |
[1:10:00] | It looks like your little termite ate his way out. | 看起来你的小白蚁啃出条道后溜走了。 |
[1:10:20] | – Did you forget– – Resist the temptation to scream. | – 你忘了…… – 克制住喊叫的冲动! |
[1:10:22] | – What are you doing here, you little jewel thief? – No, I’m not a thief. | – 你来这里干什么,你个小珠宝窃贼? – 不,我不是窃贼。 |
[1:10:25] | I-I’m suspect. It’s the complete different. | 我…我是个嫌疑人。这完全不同。 |
[1:10:27] | I’m a very promising suspect, but I didn’t do it, | 当然我是个很有可能被定罪的嫌疑人, 可是我没干过, |
[1:10:30] | and I gotta have time to prove that. | 我必须有时间证明这一点。 |
[1:10:32] | Otherwise, they’re gonna lock me up in a concrete building… | 否则的话,他们会将我关入个 混凝土的建筑物, |
[1:10:35] | and you’ll only be able to insult me on visiting days. | 到时候你只能在探视日去羞辱我了。 |
[1:10:37] | – Why did you come here? – Because I have no one else to turn to. | – 你为什么来这儿? – 因为我没有别处可去了。 |
[1:10:40] | Everybody knows how much you hate me, | 每个人都知道你有多讨厌我, |
[1:10:42] | so no one will look for me here. | 所以…所以没人会到这儿来找我。 |
[1:10:44] | I gotta have a place to sleep. I’m exhausted. | 我得找个地方睡觉, 我精疲力尽了。 |
[1:10:46] | You can’t sleep here. I couldn’t afford the fumigating bills. | 你不能睡在这儿, 我付不起熏蒸消毒所需的费用。 |
[1:10:49] | If you wanna call the police, call the police. | 要是你想叫警察,你就叫好了。 |
[1:10:51] | I don’t care. You know, I’m sleeping here. | 我不在乎。你知道,我就睡这儿。 |
[1:10:54] | You wanna call ’em, then call ’em. | 你想叫警察,你就叫好了。 |
[1:11:03] | Get me the 1 1 th Precinct. | 给我接11区警署。 |
[1:11:24] | [ Ringing ] | [电话铃] |
[1:11:30] | – Hello? – Miss Fitzgerald? | – 喂? – 菲茨杰拉德小姐? |
[1:11:33] | – Yes? – Madagascar. | – 是我? – 马达加斯加。 |
[1:11:38] | You are in a deep trance, | 你在深度迷睡当中, |
[1:11:40] | and you will obey each and every command theJade Scorpion gives you. | 你将服从玉蝎子向你发出的每一条指令。 |
[1:11:44] | You will acquire all the pertinent security data… | 你会获取有关 艾德里安・格林伍德宅邸的 |
[1:11:47] | for the Adrian Greenwood mansion. | 所有安全数据。 |
[1:11:49] | You will proceed there, and after disabling the security system, | 你会前往那里, 在解除了安全系统之后, |
[1:11:54] | you will remove all the jewels from the safe, | 你会从保险箱内取出所有的珠宝, |
[1:11:57] | obtaining each and every one of them. | 把每一件都取走。 |
[1:12:00] | These jewels you will hide in your apartment. Is this clear? | 你把这些珠宝藏在你的寓所。 清楚了吗? |
[1:12:04] | Yes. | 清楚了。 |
[1:13:05] | What’s the matter? Can’t sleep? | 怎么回事?睡不着觉? 不。我做了个非常奇怪的梦。 |
[1:13:08] | No. I’ve had the strangest dreams. | 真有意思,因为我近来也 |
[1:13:12] | That’s funny, ’cause I’ve had some crazy dreams myself lately. | 老做些很疯狂的梦。 我梦见我们终于在一起了。 |
[1:13:15] | I dreamed we were finally together. | 真的吗?你和麦格鲁德? |
[1:13:17] | Really? You and Magruder? It’s a match made in heaven. | 这真是天作之合啊, 由一个脑残的天使撮合的, |
[1:13:20] | By a retarded angel, but in heaven. | 但好歹也算天作之合。 |
[1:13:22] | You misunderstand me. I dreamed you and I finally wound up together. | 你误解我了。我梦见的是你, 而且你和我最终在一起了。 你…这太有趣了, 因为我没听到你叫喊什么。【^_^】 自从我遇见你的那一刻起, 我内心的一个声音就说:我终于找到了 我一生中一直在寻找的人。 何种人呢?蟑螂,害虫,还是小尺蠖? 你知道,也许我可以叫你黑寡妇蜘蛛。 我知道或早或晚, 你和我终究会互相拥抱在一起。 嘿,你是不是龙舌兰喝多啦? – [开收音机声] – 你是个非常浪漫的男人。 我醒来之前你吸什么烟了? 要是我告诉你我对你怀有最最热情的、 从没对其他男人体验过的迷恋,你会怎么想。 |
[1:13:27] | You– That’s funny, ’cause I didn’t hear any screaming. | |
[1:13:29] | From the first minute I met you, | |
[1:13:31] | a voice inside me said I finally found what I’ve been searching for my whole life. | |
[1:13:36] | What’s that? A roach, a vermin, a little inchworm? | |
[1:13:39] | A black– Or did I call you a black widow spider? | |
[1:13:41] | I knew that sooner or later, you and I would wind up in each other’s arms. | |
[1:13:46] | Hey, have you been gargling with tequila? | |
[1:13:49] | – [ Clicks Radio On ] – You’re a very romantic man. | |
[1:13:55] | What did you smoke before I woke up? | |
[1:13:57] | Suppose I told you I had the most passionate crush on you I’ve ever felt for any man. | |
[1:14:02] | I’d fear for my life, ’cause I’d think it was a setup. | 我会担心我的性命, |
[1:14:06] | They were playing this song the first time you and I had drinks together at Rocky’s Bar. | 因为我会认为那是个陷阱。 你和我第一次在“洛基酒吧”喝酒时, |
[1:14:10] | You remember what they were playing at Rocky’s Bar? | 他们放的就是这首歌。 你还记得他们在“洛基酒吧”放的歌? |
[1:14:12] | Not that I didn’t have a good time there, but I didn’t. | 我不是说那次过得很不愉快, 但是我的确很不愉快。 |
[1:14:15] | My passion for you is so intense, it scares me. | 我对你的激情如此强烈, |
[1:14:18] | Can’t you see I’ve submerged it… | 让我自己都害怕。 你没注意到我将它掩藏在了… |
[1:14:20] | under a mask of hostile acts and cruel words? | 由敌意的行为和冷酷的言辞 所组成的面具之下? |
[1:14:24] | Don’t worry about it, ’cause I-I-I never really took it seriously. | 别担心这个,因为我…我…你知道, 我从没把它们太当真过。 |
[1:14:27] | When you said you wanted to crush me like an insect under your heel, | 当你说你想用你的脚后跟, 把我象臭虫一样踩扁的时候, |
[1:14:30] | that was just your way of saying, ” Back off a little.” | 那是你特有的表达方式, 意思是“稍稍退后一点”。 |
[1:14:33] | Couldn’t you see I was just protecting myself? | 你难道看不出来 那我只是想保护自己吗? |
[1:14:36] | – Miss Fitzgerald– – Call me Betty Ann. | – 菲茨杰拉德小姐…… – |
[1:14:38] | Look, Betty Ann, I hate to be a killjoy, but, but, uh– | 叫我贝蒂・安。 听着,贝蒂・安, |
[1:14:41] | If this is some kind of scheme to take adv– it’s not very subtle. | 我不想扫你的兴,但…但…呃…你知道, 如果这是某种诡计想占我便… 我不认为设计得很巧妙。 |
[1:14:45] | You’re the man I’m gonna marry. I’ve known it since the first moment I laid eyes on you. | 你就是那个我想和他结婚的人, 从我看到你的第一眼起就知道这个。 |
[1:14:49] | If you’re gonna marry me, we should call Bellevue. | 嘿,如果你想和我结婚, 我们应该给“贝尔维尤医院”打电话了。 |
[1:14:51] | You need a little electric shock, honey. | 我想你需要来点电击治疗,亲爱的。 |
[1:14:53] | – Would you kiss me? – Me? | – 你愿意吻我吗? |
[1:14:55] | You want me to lay a wet one on you? | – 我? |
[1:14:57] | I’ve always imagined if you took me in your arms and kissed me, | 你想让我把嘴唇贴着你? 我一直在幻想着如果 |
[1:15:00] | I could finally feel those fireworks people talk about. | 你把我抱住并亲吻我, 那么我终于会感觉到 人们所说的那种焰火。 |
[1:15:03] | – Is this the way you are away from the office? – What are you thinking? | – 嘿,亲爱的,你出了办公室是不是就这样? – |
[1:15:07] | I’m thinking that it’s a pity we hate each other. | 你认为如何? 我认为如何? 我认为很遗憾我们相互憎恶。 |
[1:15:09] | – By now, we could have had a large family. – I’m gonna swoon. | – 因为不然现在我们早就是一大家子了。 – |
[1:15:13] | Steady, steady. I affect women this way sometimes. | 我要晕过去了。 稳住,稳住。有的时候 我在女人身上就会产生这种效果。 |
[1:15:15] | – I can’t stay awake. – Easy, easy. | – 我头很晕。 – 放松,放松。 – 我就是想把我的头靠在你肩膀上。 – 放松,呃……[干咳] 我一定要记住今天早上我用了什么肥皂。 |
[1:15:17] | – I just need to rest my head on your shoulder. – Easy, uh– [ Coughs ] | |
[1:15:20] | I must remember what soap I used this morning. | |
[1:15:24] | [ Big Band ] | [爵士乐] |
[1:15:27] | [ Big Band ] | |
[1:15:36] | – | – What the hell are you doing here? – Good morning, sweetheart. |
[1:15:40] | Don’t call me sweetheart. What’s going on? | 你他妈的在这儿干嘛? – |
[1:15:43] | I stayed awake all last night… | 早上好,亲爱的。 别叫我“亲爱的”!怎么回事? |
[1:15:45] | thinking about all those things that you said, | 我…我昨晚整夜没睡… 一直在想你对我说的那些话, |
[1:15:48] | and all of that rang a very deep bell with me. | 你知道,你说的一切 都在我心灵深处产生了共鸣。 |
[1:15:51] | – What? – There were so many times, | – 什么? |
[1:15:54] | you know, when we were arguing in the office, | – 有那么多次, |
[1:15:57] | and I had the feeling that down deep, | 你知道,当我们在办公室争吵的时候, 我有种感觉,在你的内心深处, |
[1:15:59] | underneath it all, you were really crazy about me. | 在你的心底里, 你实际上疯狂地爱着我。 |
[1:16:02] | Crazy about you? What, were you dropped on your head? | 疯狂地爱着你? 怎么,你的头被电骡踢着啦? |
[1:16:05] | No, hey, toots, I gotta tell you, | 没有,嘿,宝贝儿,我要跟你说, |
[1:16:07] | last night, for a cold fish, you were hot stuff. | 昨天晚上,你可真够辣的, 可惜我比较冷淡。 |
[1:16:11] | Listen, buster, don’t call me “toots.” | 听着,小子,别喊我“宝贝儿”, |
[1:16:13] | I don’t like it any better than “sweetheart.” | 那不比“亲爱的”好多少。 |
[1:16:15] | I’m not one of those available Annies who sits on your lap while you give dictation. | 我不属于那些坐在你大腿上 听你口述的、容易上手的女人。 |
[1:16:19] | What did you do, sneak in here and slip into my arms? | 你干了什么? 溜进我房间,钻进我怀里? |
[1:16:22] | Hey, what’s going on? You tried to undress me last night and kiss me. | 嘿,你怎么回事?昨天晚上 你…你试图脱掉我的衣服亲吻我。 |
[1:16:26] | – What are you talking about? You came in here and passed out. – And now the news. | – 你扯什么淡啊?是你走进来晕倒在那儿。 |
[1:16:30] | – I’m confused. – The elusive jewel thief… | – 现在播送新闻。 |
[1:16:32] | responsible for robbing the Kensington and Dillworth fortunes this week… | – 我糊涂了。 – |
[1:16:35] | has struck again. | 这个星期在… 肯辛顿和迪尔沃斯家作案的 |
[1:16:37] | C.W. Briggs, a former employee of North Coast Fidelity and Casualty Company of New York, | 珠宝窃贼潜逃后… 又一次行动了。 C.W.・布里格斯,前纽约 |
[1:16:42] | is the chief suspect in the robbery of the latest victim, | “北岸灾害和忠诚保险公司”的雇员, 是这起发生在曼哈顿艾德里安 ・格林伍德家中的最新盗窃案的… |
[1:16:45] | Adrian Greenwood of Manhattan. | 头号嫌疑犯。 |
[1:16:47] | The details of the crime were the same as the first two this week. | 犯罪的细节与这个星期的 |
[1:16:50] | In addition to over a million dollars in jewelry, | 头两起案件完全相同。 |
[1:16:53] | the thief got away with a like amount of cash. | 除了价值超过百万美元的珠宝, 盗贼还卷走了与此相当的现金。 |
[1:16:56] | Police had recovered the jewels from the earlier burglaries, | 警察已经找回了先前被盗的珠宝, |
[1:16:59] | which led to the capture and arrest of the prime suspect, C.W. Briggs. | 这也导致了头号嫌疑犯 C.W.・布里格斯的落网。 |
[1:17:03] | So that’s why you escaped from the police. | 所以这就是你为什么要从警察局逃走。 |
[1:17:05] | Not to try to prove your innocence, but because you had unfinished business. | 你并不想证明你的无罪, 而是因为你有未完成的任务。 |
[1:17:09] | What kind of business? I was here with you ! | 什么样的任务? 我昨晚和你在一起! |
[1:17:11] | Yeah, well, for some reason, I’m having trouble remembering all of that, but I was asleep. | 是啊,可是,不知怎么搞的, 我有点记不得昨晚的事了,反正我睡着了。 |
[1:17:15] | Even if you came here to sleep, you could have awakened, | 所以即使你来这儿睡的觉, |
[1:17:17] | robbed these people and then come back. | 你也可以半夜醒来, |
[1:17:19] | – You just used this as a safe haven ! – I could have, | 偷了东西以后再回来接着睡。 – |
[1:17:22] | but I didn’t. | 你只是想利用这里作为你的安全港! |
[1:17:24] | You tried to undress me and kiss me. | – 什么…我…我是可以, |
[1:17:27] | You are feeding me the wrong lie. | 可我没有。 |
[1:17:29] | I’ve never tried to undress you in my life, | 你想脱我的衣服并亲吻我。 你这谎也扯得太没边了, |
[1:17:31] | and I wouldn’t kiss you if we were marooned on a desert island for 20 years. | 我决不会想脱你的衣服, 我也决不会想吻你, |
[1:17:34] | We would never be marooned for 20 years, ’cause after 20 minutes, | 即使我们被放逐到了荒岛上二十年。 我们不可能被放逐到荒岛上二十年的, |
[1:17:37] | I’d make a bow and arrow and kill you. | 因为二十秒钟之后, 我就会做把弓箭射死你。 |
[1:17:39] | What are you thinking? I’m marrying Chris Magruder, for God’s sakes. | 你在想什么呢?我马上要和克里斯・ 麦格鲁德结婚了,看在上帝的份上。 – 是吗? – 是的。 我们已经订好了春天的日子, 一旦了结他的离婚。 所以我如果想要脱你衣服或要吻你, 那么我一定有多重人格。 如果你和克里斯・麦格鲁德结婚, 我看是你有多重愚蠢格。 噢,是的,一定是昨晚的酒精的缘故。 但是你就像换了一个人, 一个好得多的人。 我想洗个澡了。要是我洗完后 看见你还在这儿,我会给区警署打电话。 有那么一刻,你放下了警戒, 那时你真的很性感, 尽管那光线照着你的某个角度, 使你看上去象墨索里尼。 [叹气]切…… |
[1:17:44] | – You are? – Yes. | |
[1:17:46] | We’ve set a spring date, as soon as his divorce is final. | |
[1:17:49] | So if I was undressing you or trying to kiss you, | |
[1:17:52] | I must have multiple personalities. | |
[1:17:54] | If you marry Chris Magruder, you have multiple stupidity. | |
[1:17:58] | Uh, yeah, it must have been the booze last night, | |
[1:18:01] | but you were like a changed person, and a much better one. | |
[1:18:04] | I’m gonna take a shower, and if you’re not gone when I get out, I’m calling my local precinct. | |
[1:18:10] | For one minute, you dropped your guard. | |
[1:18:13] | You were actually sexy, | |
[1:18:15] | even though when the light hit you a certain way, | |
[1:18:17] | you, you tend to resemble Mussolini. | |
[1:18:20] | [ Sighing ] Sh– | |
[1:18:29] | Pretty snazzy for an office worker. | 对一个上班族来说,这可够奢侈的啊。 |
[1:18:32] | Boy, Magruder must really love you in an extravagant way. | 喂,麦格鲁德一定真的很爱你啊, 太夸张了吧。 |
[1:18:37] | Probably likes going to Paris with you more than he does with his wife. | 也许他想和你一起去巴黎的愿望, 比和他老婆一起去还强烈吧。 |
[1:18:53] | [ C. W.] I understand you and Charlie got something for me. | 我知道你和查理 一定给我搞到点什么了吧。 |
[1:18:55] | [ Man ] I don’t know about Charlie, but I came up with a name. | 我不知道查理那边怎么样, 我倒听说了一个名字。 |
[1:18:58] | [ C. W.] Really? Well, hit me. Lay it on me. | 是吗?很好,告诉我,快告诉我。 |
[1:19:00] | Eddie Polgar. | “埃迪・珀尔加”。 |
[1:19:03] | Eddie Polgar. Who’s that? | 埃迪・珀尔加,他是谁? |
[1:19:05] | It don’t mean a thing to me, but it’s come up twice. | 我不知道,对我没什么意义, 但是我听到过两次。 |
[1:19:08] | – Eddie Polgar? – Yeah, yeah. There’s no police record. | – 埃迪・珀尔加? – 是的,是的。没有警察的纪录。 |
[1:19:11] | Could be an alias. I don’t know. It’s all I could get. | 可能是化名,我不知道。 我就知道这些了。 |
[1:19:15] | Hey, hey, hey. Blue men coming. | 嘿,嘿,嘿,蓝衣条子过来了。 |
[1:19:17] | Keep moving. Keep moving ! | 快走!快走! |
[1:19:21] | – Charlie. – C.W., is that you? | – 查理。 – C.W.,是你吗? |
[1:19:23] | – I got a message you wanted me. – You’re hot as a pistol. | – 我收到条口信说你想见我。 – 你现在热得像把手枪。 |
[1:19:26] | ” Hot”? The New York City Police want to give me a lifetime achievement award. | “热”?纽约市的警察 想授予我终身成就奖。 |
[1:19:32] | Name Eddie Polgar mean anything to you? | 对“埃迪・珀尔加”这个名字 你是不是能想起点什么? |
[1:19:35] | – Zero. – Nothin’. I can’t get a break, no matter what I do. | – 零。 – 什么都没有。我一筹莫展,不管我怎么做。 |
[1:19:39] | – Stick your hand in the cup. – In the cup? | – 把你的手伸到杯子里。 – 杯子里? |
[1:19:42] | In the cup. Yeah, yeah, yeah. | 杯子里。对,对,对。 |
[1:19:45] | Yeah. | 对。 |
[1:19:48] | Thirty-eight cents and a wad of paper. | 这里有三十八个硬币和一卷纸。 |
[1:19:50] | Oh, and somebody threw their gum away in your business establishment. | 噢,还有人把他吃过的口香糖 |
[1:19:53] | Well, open the wad of paper. | 扔进了你的营业事务所。 那么把纸卷打开。 |
[1:19:57] | – Why? – It’s a clue. | – 为什么? – 是个线索。 |
[1:19:59] | – What kind of clue? – From last night’s heist. | – 什么样的线索。 – 来自于昨晚的盗窃。 |
[1:20:02] | Coopersmiths found it on the driveway on the property. | 库珀史密斯在物主的车道上找到的。 |
[1:20:08] | – Charlie, wh– – The burglar dropped it getting away. | – 查理,这你…… – 窃贼逃跑时落下的。 |
[1:20:12] | – How’d you get it? – I got a friend, who’s got a friend… | – 你怎么搞到的? – 我有个朋友,他有个朋友… |
[1:20:15] | who works in the same building as the Coopersmith Agency. | 在“库珀史密斯事务所”所在的 那座大楼内上班。 |
[1:20:18] | – I thought maybe you’d want it. – Charlie, this is– | – 我想也许你希望得到它。 – 查理,这真是…… |
[1:20:21] | These earrings are grand larceny. | 偷这些耳饰是大盗窃罪。 |
[1:20:23] | I see by the look on your face I must’ve helped you. | 看着你脸上的表情, 我知道我帮你大忙了。 |
[1:20:26] | [ Earring Rattling In Tin Cup ] | [耳饰落入搪口杯的叮当声] |
[1:20:28] | Cherchez la femme. You know what that means, Charlie? | “歇赫歇拉法默【法语】”。 你知道那什么意思吗,查理? |
[1:20:30] | – What? – Find the woman. | – 什么意思? – 找那个女人。 |
[1:20:33] | – Is there a woman? – Well, first I thought so. | – 是个女的吗? – 唔,起先我认为是的。 |
[1:20:38] | Then I didn’t. Now I think I got her. | 接着我认为不是。 现在我认为我抓到她了。 |
[1:20:43] | You work next to a person for years, | 你和一个人做同事多年, |
[1:20:45] | and then one day the temptation’s too great. | 然后在某一天,诱惑太巨大了。 |
[1:20:47] | – I don’t believe it. Not C.W. It doesn’t make sense. – Why not? | – 我不相信,不是C.W.干的。根本没道理。 – 为什么不? |
[1:20:49] | Jill, I don’t think any of us expected it, but there is proof now. | 吉尔,我想我们没人会料到, 但是现在证据确凿。 |
[1:20:53] | You heard Fitzgerald saw the jewels sittin’ in his apartment, right? | 你听说过菲茨杰拉德 看见珠宝就在他的公寓,对吧? |
[1:20:56] | Yeah, and how he fought the cops when they got the key to his locker. | 是的,还有当警察想得到他 存物箱的钥匙时,他拼命反抗。 |
[1:20:59] | – To me it’s open-and-shut. – What? | – 在我看来,这是个一目了然的案子。 – 什么? |
[1:21:01] | – You don’t run from the police if you’re innocent. – That’s what I’m sayin’. | – 要是你是无辜的,你不会想要逃跑。 – 我就是这个意思。 |
[1:21:05] | What about the nerve it took to strike twice? Come on, guys. | 还有他竟然有胆量再次作案? 瞧瞧吧,伙计们, |
[1:21:08] | C.W. deserves some credit. He turned out to be a pretty gutsy guy. | C.W.应该赢得钦佩啊, 他最终成了个相当蛮勇的家伙。 |
[1:21:13] | [ Phone Ringing ] | [电话铃声] |
[1:21:16] | Hello. Where are you? | 你好。你在哪儿? |
[1:21:17] | Hello. Where are you? | |
[1:21:20] | [ C. W.] Never mind where I am. I gotta get up to the office. | 先别管我在哪儿。 我必须过去,到办公室去。 |
[1:21:25] | I-I think there’s more people involved in this thing. | 我…我认为有更多的人与此事有牵连。 |
[1:21:29] | I-I-I-I think that Fitzgerald is behind it. | 我…我…我…我认为 菲茨杰拉德是幕后之人。 |
[1:21:32] | Does the name… | 对“埃迪・珀尔加”… |
[1:21:34] | Eddie Polgar mean anything to you? | 这个名字你能想起点什么吗? |
[1:21:38] | No. | 没有。 |
[1:21:39] | Look, I gotta get up to the office. | 听着,我必须到办公室去。 |
[1:21:41] | I wanna get through the Coopersmiths’ report. | 我想看一下库珀史密斯兄弟的材料。 |
[1:21:43] | I wanna check it out, and I wanna check out Fitzgerald’s desk again. | 我想检查一下,我想再检查一下 菲茨杰拉德的办公桌。 |
[1:21:57] | There’s no question about it. | 毫无疑问, |
[1:21:59] | Fitzgerald is involved in this thing up to her neck. | 菲茨杰拉德完完全全与此事有关。 |
[1:22:02] | You can’t let this woman and your feelings for her color your judgment. | 你不应该让这个女人,以及你对她的感觉 |
[1:22:06] | It has nothing to do with my feelings for her. | 扭曲了你的判断。 这和我对她是什么感觉没任何关系。 |
[1:22:08] | It’s the only thing that makes any sense. | 只有这样才能解释一切。 |
[1:22:11] | I go over to her house because I figured no one will look for me there… | 你看,我去了她的家, |
[1:22:15] | ’cause she hates me so. | 因为我认为没人会去那里找我, 因为她如此讨厌我。 |
[1:22:17] | I go to sleep. In the middle of the night, I hear a noise, and I wake up. | 我睡着了。在半夜时 我听到有动静,我醒了过来。 |
[1:22:21] | I find her. I figure, “All right, so she can’t sleep either.” | 我看到了她。 我想:“好吧,她也睡不着。” |
[1:22:24] | But no. That’s not what it is. | 但是不对!事实不是这样的。 |
[1:22:26] | She had done the Greenwood heist, and she was coming back, and I caught her. | 她刚盗窃了格林伍德家, 她刚回来,我抓住了她。 |
[1:22:31] | So naturally she starts to act very peculiar. | 于是自然地,她开始表现得异常奇怪。 |
[1:22:34] | You know, she starts to– I trap her. | 你知道,她开始…因为我捕获她了, |
[1:22:36] | So she starts seducing me with her feminine wiles. | 于是他开始用她女人的 那一套花言巧语来引诱我。 |
[1:22:38] | -Meaning what? -Meaning all of a sudden I’m handsome… | – 她说了什么? |
[1:22:42] | and I’m gorgeous and she can’t take her hands off– | – 她说,转瞬之间,我英俊潇洒, |
[1:22:44] | Does that sound like Fitzgerald to you, | 我漂亮帅气, 她抓着我不肯松手…… |
[1:22:46] | or a schemer trying to play me for a sucker? | 这样的菲茨杰拉德你见过吗? 还是她想把我当成个傻瓜玩阴的? |
[1:22:51] | Actually, it sounds like that magic show demonstration by Voltan Polgar. | 实际上,这听起来像是那个 沃尔坦・珀尔加玩过的魔术表演。 |
[1:22:55] | That’s right. That was the night of the first robbery. | 没错,就是发生第一起盗窃案 那天晚上的表演。 |
[1:22:58] | I don’t know, C.W. I think she has some real feelings for you. | 我不知道,C.W.,我认为 她还是对你有些真情实感的。 |
[1:23:01] | Don’t be ridiculous. She hates me. | 别荒唐了,他恨我。 |
[1:23:04] | Wh-Wh-What is the name you said of, of the magician… | 你…你…你刚才说什么名字? |
[1:23:08] | who now I’ve completely repressed? | 那个魔术师叫…… |
[1:23:10] | Uh, Voltan. | 我怎么现在一点也不记得了? 呃,沃尔坦。 |
[1:23:13] | Voltan the Inscrutable. TheJade Scorpion. | “不可思议的沃尔坦”,玉蝎子。 |
[1:23:16] | – What is his name? – Voltan Polgar. | – 他姓什么? – 沃尔坦・珀尔加。 |
[1:23:19] | Eli Voytak Polgar. | 伊莱・沃尔泰克・珀尔加。 |
[1:23:24] | I’m…just theorizing… | 我…在推理… |
[1:23:26] | on an incredible sequence of events. | 基于这一系列不可思议的事件的进展情况。 |
[1:23:30] | You look like my UncleJerry right after the United Parcel truck hit him. | 你现在看上去就像我的杰里叔叔刚被 “联合包裹服务公司”卡车撞过之后的表现。 |
[1:23:34] | What happened? I know you described this before, but, but what happened? | 发生了什么事?我知道你们以前给我描述过, 但…但是,发生了什么事? |
[1:23:39] | Th-They brought me onstage– brought me onstage. | 他…他们把我领到表演区… 带我到表演区。 |
[1:23:42] | He put you into a trance– rather easily, despite your resistance. | 他使你进入迷睡状态―― 轻而易举地,不管你怎么抗拒。 |
[1:23:46] | Right. Yes. And then– | 没错,是的。然后… |
[1:23:48] | And then he brought Fitzgerald, who was with me at the time– | 然后他又把菲茨杰拉德带了上来, |
[1:23:52] | And then you were awakened in a posthypnotic state… | 那一刻她和我在一起…… 然后你醒了过来,处于催眠后的状态, |
[1:23:55] | with a word that would, uh, put you back under again. | 在说出一个词之后,呃… 又使你进入了迷睡状态。 |
[1:23:58] | Constantinople. Yeah, then he started making these– | “君士坦丁堡”,是的。 然后他开始做那些…… |
[1:24:07] | C.W.? C.W.? | 是的? |
[1:24:10] | Yes? | |
[1:24:12] | You okay? | 你没事吧? |
[1:24:14] | I’m fine, Alvin. How’s your aging mother? | 我很好,阿尔文。 你的老母亲怎么样了? |
[1:24:19] | Obviously, he was never released from the key word. | 很显然,他一直没从那个暗语中解脱出来。 |
[1:24:22] | Wake him up, George. This is scary. | 把他弄醒,乔治,这太�}人了。 |
[1:24:25] | Don’t be scared. This stuff’s right up my alley. | 别害怕,这玩意儿正好是我的强项。 |
[1:24:28] | All right. Now, when I snap my fingers, you will awaken. | 好吧。注意,当你听到我打响指, 你就醒过来。 |
[1:24:32] | Uh, you’ll have no memory of what has occurred. Is that clear to you? | 呃…你对所发生过的事不会有丁点记忆。 你清楚了吗? |
[1:24:36] | – Yes. – And you’ll awaken… | – 是的。 |
[1:24:38] | feeling happy and, and, and refreshed. | – 你将醒过来… 感到幸福和…和振作。 |
[1:24:41] | – Is that clear? – Yes. | – 你清楚吗? – 是的。 |
[1:24:45] | So, the guy gets me onstage. | 那么,那家伙把我带到表演区。 |
[1:24:47] | – Now, then what? What took place after that? – Wait a minute. | – 然后怎么了?这之后发生了什么? – 等一下。 |
[1:24:50] | I have an idea. Constantinople. | 我有个主意。君士坦丁堡。 |
[1:24:55] | My God. What a sense of power. | 我的上帝,功力真强啊! |
[1:24:57] | Do you think that you can get him to recall everything… | 乔治,你能让他回忆起所有的事情吗? |
[1:25:00] | – and then set him loose from the trance for good? – All right. | – 然后再使他永远摆脱迷睡状态? – 好的。 |
[1:25:03] | Now, when I snap my fingers, you will awaken. | 听着,当我打个响指,你会醒过来。 |
[1:25:06] | Your memory will be clear– crystal clear. | 你的记忆会非常清晰――一清二楚。 |
[1:25:09] | All the events of the past week will come to you vividly… | 过去这个星期中发生的所有事件 都会生动地展现在你面前, |
[1:25:13] | and with no distraction. | 没有任何的差错。 |
[1:25:15] | You’ll be completely freed from your trance, | 你将从你的迷睡状态中完全解脱出来, |
[1:25:18] | and the mention of the word Constantinople… | 提到“君士坦丁堡”这个词, |
[1:25:20] | will have absolutely no meaning to you. | 将绝对不再对你有任何意义。 |
[1:25:22] | It will not put you back into your hypnotic state. | 它不会再使你回到你的催眠状态。 |
[1:25:27] | One: You’re coming out of it. | 一:你要摆脱它了。 |
[1:25:30] | Two: Your memories of the past week are coming back. | 二:过去这个星期你的记忆要回来了。 |
[1:25:34] | Three: You’re fully awake. | 三:你完全清醒了。 |
[1:25:39] | – I took the jewels ! The– The Kensington jewels. – What? | – 我拿了珠宝!肯辛顿的珠宝。 – 什么? |
[1:25:43] | And the Dill– Yes. Yes, and of course. | 还有迪尔…是的。是的,当然。 |
[1:25:46] | And then he probably tried to get me– couldn’t get me, so he– | 然后他可能想让我继续… 但是他没能找到我,于是他…… |
[1:25:49] | The Greenwood thing was her. Wha– | 格林伍德的事情是她干的。什么… |
[1:25:51] | What is Fitzgerald’s key word? | 什么是菲茨杰拉德的暗语? |
[1:25:53] | Madagascar. | 马达加斯加。 |
[1:25:56] | TheJade Scorpion wants you to get the jewels. | 玉蝎子让你取出珠宝, |
[1:25:59] | Wrap them in plain brown paper and bring them to him. | 用普通的牛皮纸包好, 把它们带给他。 |
[1:26:04] | Mark down the following address in Chinatown. | 记下唐人街的如下地址。 |
[1:26:39] | Miss Fitzgerald? | 菲茨杰拉德小姐? |
[1:26:43] | Miss Fitzgerald? | 菲茨杰拉德小姐? |
[1:26:47] | Miss Fitzgerald? | 菲茨杰拉德小姐? |
[1:27:00] | Sergeant, his name is Voltan Polgar. | 警官,他的名字是沃尔坦・珀尔加。 |
[1:27:03] | Somebody just gave me an address on him. | 有人刚给了我他的地址。 |
[1:27:23] | Oh, Miss Fitzgerald. | 噢,菲茨杰拉德小姐。 |
[1:27:25] | TheJade Scorpion welcomes you. | 玉蝎子欢迎你。 |
[1:27:28] | – You have my package. – Yes. | – 你把我的包裹带来了? – 是的。 |
[1:27:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢。 |
[1:27:35] | You will now return home. You will go to sleep. | 现在你将回家去,你将上床睡觉。 |
[1:27:38] | It will be a wonderful sleep from which you will awaken cheerfully, | 那会是很奇妙的一觉, 醒来后你会感觉神清气爽, |
[1:27:42] | and you will remember nothing of these events. | 你会不记得这些事情。 |
[1:27:44] | In fact, you will have no memory of any of this ever. | 事实上,你对这些永远也不会再有任何记忆。 |
[1:27:48] | [ Loud Crash ] | [大的撞击声] |
[1:27:56] | I was just passing through. I… thought I’d… say hello. | 我正路过这儿。 我…想我应该…进来打个招呼。 |
[1:28:01] | – [ Voltan ] C. W. Briggs. – Yeah. | – C.W.・布里格斯。 – 是我。 |
[1:28:03] | I seem to have underestimated you. | 看起来我低估你了。 |
[1:28:05] | Story of my life. Everybody underestimates me. | 一生都这样,人人都低估我。 |
[1:28:09] | They– You know, they think I’m a pushover. | 他们…你知道,他们认为我能轻易对付。 |
[1:28:11] | It makes my work much easier. | 不过这大大有利于我的工作。 |
[1:28:13] | I-I’ve seen some pretty exotic schemes, Polgar, but this one was a beauty. | 我…我见识过一些非常奇特的计划, 珀尔加,但是这一次你干得的确漂亮。 |
[1:28:17] | But I figured it out. That’s why I get top dollar. | 但是,我破获了你。 |
[1:28:20] | Don’t force me to take extreme measures, Mr. Briggs. | 这就是为什么我能挣大钱。 |
[1:28:21] | Don’t force me to take extreme measures, Mr. Briggs. | 别逼我采取极端手段,布里格斯先生。 |
[1:28:25] | You’d never pull that trigger. | 你决不会扣动那个扳机的。 |
[1:28:27] | Really? You think not. Why? | 是吗?你以为不会,为什么? |
[1:28:29] | Murder’s not your game. I have just an instinct that tells me that. | 你不玩杀人的游戏。 我正好有个直觉这样告诉我。 |
[1:28:32] | You know, you’re a jewel thief. | 你看,你是个珠宝窃贼。 |
[1:28:34] | There’s a big difference between doing a little time for stealing jewels… | 因偷窃珠宝坐上几年牢 与上电椅烧烤之间, |
[1:28:38] | and, you know, frying in the electric chair. | 你知道,还是存在着巨大差异的。 |
[1:28:41] | Once they pump 200 million volts of electricity through your body, | 一旦他们把二十亿伏高压的 电流泵穿你的身体, |
[1:28:45] | you have a tendency to spend the rest of your days in an ashtray. | 那么十有八九你余下的日子 就会呆在一个烟灰碟子里了。 |
[1:28:59] | [ Tires Screeching ] | [轮胎急刹车声] |
[1:29:05] | For a minute, I thought I overplayed my hand. | 刚才那一刻,我认为我有点太逞能了。 |
[1:29:07] | – [ Siren Wailing ] – [ Whistle Blowing ] | – [警笛呼啸] – [口哨鸣响] |
[1:29:14] | You’re the bravest, most brilliant, | 你是我见过的最最勇敢、最最出色、 |
[1:29:16] | most courageous man I’ve ever met, | 最最有胆量的男人, |
[1:29:18] | and I would go to the end of the earth with you. | 我愿意陪着你,走到天涯海角。 |
[1:29:21] | You know, everybody should have somebody that they feel that way about. | 你知道,每个人都应该有个 能让他们有这样的感觉的人。 |
[1:29:25] | It’s– It’s– You know, it’s such a shame that you’re gonna have to… | 这…这…你知道,这真是可惜, 实际是,你不得不… |
[1:29:28] | actually wake up from this, this fabulous illusion. | 醒过来,从这奇妙的幻境中醒过来。 |
[1:29:34] | Just–Just once… | 就…就一次, |
[1:29:36] | before the ugly curtain of reality… | 在那丑陋的现实的帷幕… |
[1:29:41] | drops on both of us. | 重新落到我俩头上之前。 |
[1:29:58] | [ Fitzgerald ] Oh, you kiss great. | 噢,你吻得真棒。 |
[1:30:06] | – What a wrap-up, huh? – Did you see the look on Herb Coopersmith’s face? | – 这个案子结得漂亮,哈? – 你们看见赫伯・库珀史密斯脸上的表情了吗? |
[1:30:10] | – Serves him right. – Hey, Al. | – 他自作自受了。 – 嘿,艾尔, |
[1:30:12] | Where do you think Miss Fitzgerald and Mr. Magruder… | 你认为菲茨杰拉德小姐和麦格鲁德先生… |
[1:30:14] | are gonna go for their romantic getaway? | 会选哪儿作为他们浪漫度假的地方呢? |
[1:30:16] | His divorce doesn’t come through for months. I hear his wife couldn’t care less. | 他的离婚得拖好几个月, 我听说他妻子漫不经心。 |
[1:30:20] | -I hear they’re gettin’ married in June. -No. | – 我听说他们准备在六月份结婚。 – 是吗? |
[1:30:21] | I think I heard him talking about going to Paris. | 我想我听他谈起过要去巴黎。 |
[1:30:24] | – Paris? Wow ! – [ Chattering ] | – 巴黎?哇哦! – [谈话声] |
[1:30:29] | Mr. Magruder, I’m– I just came to say I’m leaving. | 麦格鲁德先生, 我…我是过来说我要…走了。 |
[1:30:32] | Ah, C.W. Well, what can I say? We all make mistakes, huh? | 啊,C.W.,我怎么说呢? 我们都会犯错误,对吗? |
[1:30:36] | ‘Course, you’ve gotta admit, they did have a pretty strong case against you. | 因为你得承认,他们的确 掌握了你很强的证据。 |
[1:30:40] | – I don’t know. – I know you could get a job anywhere. | – 我不知道。我…… – 你看,我知道你可以在任何地方找到工作。 |
[1:30:43] | If you decide to go, you’ll have our blessings. | 如果你决定离开,那么我们祝福你。 |
[1:30:45] | If you stay, you’ll have a raise, | 如果你决定留下,我会给你升职。 |
[1:30:47] | and I’ll see to it Miss Fitzgerald keeps out of your way. | 而且我保证菲茨杰拉德小姐 不会再碍你什么事了。 |
[1:30:50] | Between us boys, once we marry, she’s gonna retire whether she wants to or not. | 实际上,我向你透个底,一旦我们结婚, 她就会离职,不管她愿不愿意。 |
[1:30:54] | I’m not having a wife at work in my own office, for good measure. | 为保险起见,我可不愿意让我妻子 在我自己的办公室里工作。 |
[1:30:58] | Well, think positively. I’ll be away for a couple of weeks myself. | 唔,想想好的方面。 我自己也要离开几个星期。 |
[1:31:01] | Miss Fitzgerald and I are going to Paris. | 菲茨杰拉德小姐和我准备去巴黎。 |
[1:31:03] | – Oh, yes? The actual city? – Huh? | – 哦,是吗?那个真实的城市还是…? – 嗯? |
[1:31:05] | – No. Nothing. – You need a vacation. | – 不,没什么。 – 你需要度个假。 |
[1:31:08] | Why don’t you see if you can get that Laura Kensington girl to go with? | 你为什么不想法子和那个叫 劳拉・肯辛顿的姑娘在一起? |
[1:31:11] | I wouldn’t mind some of that action myself. | 要是我,早就这么做了。 |
[1:31:13] | She seems struck by you. | 她看起来对你很有印象。 |
[1:31:15] | She’s a little demented, but, in a hotel room, that can be a lot of fun. | 她是有那么点不太正常,不过,在个旅馆的房间里, 那不是更加可以增添点情趣吗?哼哼。 |
[1:31:24] | Just came to say good-bye. | 只想过来告个别。 |
[1:31:26] | Right. Chris and I have a plane to catch. | 是啊,克里斯和我要去赶飞机了。 |
[1:31:30] | No, by good-bye I mean I’m leaving. I’m quitting. | 不,我说告别的意思是我要离开了。 我辞职了。 |
[1:31:34] | Oh? | 哦? |
[1:31:36] | Should make you very happy. You can enjoy your vacation now. | 你一定开心极了, 你现在可以尽情享受你的假期了。 |
[1:31:39] | ‘Cause when you come back, you don’t have to see me again. | 你知道,因为当你回来以后, 你不会再看见我在这儿了。 |
[1:31:43] | You can revamp everything here. No static. | 你可以重新安排这里的一切, 不会再有噪音。 |
[1:31:48] | Want to have a parting drink? | 想喝杯告别酒吗? |
[1:31:51] | A drink at 1 0:00 in the morning? | 在早上十点喝酒? |
[1:31:55] | It’s only tequila. | 只是龙舌兰。 |
[1:31:57] | What can you say about a woman who keeps a bottle of Mexican booze in her desk? | 好吧,对一位在办公桌内藏着瓶 墨西哥酒的女士,你能说什么呢? |
[1:32:03] | Let’s drink to both of our futures. | 为我们两个的未来喝一杯。 |
[1:32:06] | Yeah? | 是吗? |
[1:32:09] | Today, Mr. Magruder. Tomorrow, the world. | 今天,拥有麦格鲁德先生; 明天,拥有全世界。 |
[1:32:13] | I will let that pass because this is good-bye. | 我不准备和你计较,因为这是告别。 |
[1:32:15] | Mm. You’re really gonna marry him? | 嗯,你真的想和他结婚? |
[1:32:18] | I-I– You know. | 我…我…你知道, |
[1:32:20] | For a brilliant woman, I gotta say, | 对象你这样一个出色的女人,我要说, |
[1:32:23] | you have the worst taste in men. | 你对男人的品味真是差到极点。 |
[1:32:26] | I didn’t take up with you. How bad could my taste be? | 我又没选择你, 我的品味如何可能差啦? |
[1:32:31] | You know, behind– underneath all those nasty remarks… | 你知道,在这些… 在所有这些令人不快的言辞之下, |
[1:32:34] | is a very vulnerable, sweet, sexy woman. | 我看到的是一个容易受伤的、 |
[1:32:38] | But don’t ever let it come out, | 甜蜜的、性感的女人。 但是你千万不要表现出来, |
[1:32:40] | because, you know, you could run the risk of being happy, | 因为,你知道,那样你就有可能 |
[1:32:43] | and I know that would kill ya. | 成为一个幸福的人, 我知道那是你最受不了的。 |
[1:32:45] | Chris and I plan on being very happy. | 克里斯和我决定过得很幸福。 |
[1:32:47] | Your instinct told you he would never leave his wife. | 你的直觉曾告诉你 他永远也不会离开他妻子。 |
[1:32:49] | My instincts are good, but they’re not infallible. | 嘿,我的直觉是不错, |
[1:32:53] | So this was one where I was wrong. | 但也不是一贯正确的。 因此这次我搞错了。 |
[1:32:56] | Have a– Have a terrific rest of your life… | 祝你…祝你一生过得愉快… |
[1:32:58] | and try not to jump out of any windows. | 别再想着往任何窗户外面跳了。 |
[1:33:01] | Make sure the elevator’s there before you get in, | 在你迈进电梯前瞅瞅清楚 电梯厢是否在那儿, |
[1:33:03] | because I heard of a man who plunged 1 5 stories and wound up a vegetable. | 因为我听说有个人栽下了15层 |
[1:33:07] | I’ll let that pass ’cause this is good-bye. | 最后成了个植物人。 我不准备和你计较,因为这是告别。 |
[1:33:15] | – That’s what she said– – Hey, Briggsie, I was just tellin’ ’em. | – 她就是这么说的…… |
[1:33:17] | You quit, I go with ya. | – 嘿,布里格斯,我正跟他们说, 你走,我也跟着你走。 |
[1:33:19] | [John ] That’s right. C. W.,you are our hero. This was a tough nut to crack. | 没错,C.W.,你是我们的英雄。 这次你敲掉了个硬核桃。 |
[1:33:23] | No, this was all luck. | 不,只是运气好罢了。 |
[1:33:25] | If George didn’t know magic or hypnosis, | 你看,要是乔治不了解魔术或催眠, |
[1:33:28] | you know, I never would have known anything. | 你知道,我永远也不会知道任何事。 |
[1:33:30] | It’s an amazing thing. | 你知道,这太令人惊异了。 |
[1:33:32] | You can actually put somebody under and then force them to do the most outrageous things. | 实际上你可以让任何人进入这种状态, 然后迫使他去做最最不合情理的事。 |
[1:33:36] | That is absolutely wrong. | 不,不,你这样说绝对错了。 你看,一个人不会在催眠的状态下去做任何 |
[1:33:38] | A person will not do anything under hypnosis that they wouldn’t do in real life. | 他在真实生活里不愿去做的事。 – 真的吗?- |
[1:33:41] | – Is that true? – Yeah. – What are you saying? | 是的。 – 你什么意思? |
[1:33:43] | Th-Th-That I’m, at heart, a thief? | 是…是…是说我内心里,是个窃贼? |
[1:33:46] | Well, we know there’s a little bit of larceny in you. | 嗯,我们知道在你身上 是有那么点盗窃的特质。 |
[1:33:50] | I mean, you’re the one who’s always saying it takes one to catch one. | 我的意思是,是你自己总是说 “扮成贼才能逮到贼”。 |
[1:33:53] | Oh, well, there’s also a little bit of larceny in Miss Fitzgerald. | 噢,是的,在菲茨杰拉德小姐的身上 也有那么点盗窃的特质。 |
[1:33:57] | I mean, that was kind of a shock. | 我是说,那倒有点令人震惊。 |
[1:33:59] | – | – There’s a lot of surprises in her, it turns out. – Hey, come here. |
[1:34:02] | Hey. | 她身上结果有好多东西令人震惊。 – |
[1:34:04] | Hey. | 嘿,到这边来。 嘿, |
[1:34:05] | You got a little crush on her, don’t ya? | 你有点迷上她了,是吗? |
[1:34:07] | – Who? Fitzgerald? What, are you– – [ Cackling ] | – 谁?菲茨杰拉德?怎么,你疯…… – [笑声] |
[1:34:10] | – What are you talking about? – Well, come on. I’ve always known it. | – 你在说什么啊? – 唔,得了吧。我早就看出来了。 |
[1:34:13] | You can’t hate somebody that much without there being… | 你看,你不可能那么恨一个人的, |
[1:34:16] | at least a little bit of attraction underneath it all. | 要是那个人对你没有一丁点 深层的吸引力的话。 |
[1:34:18] | – Says who? – It’s my instinct. Against all logic. | – 说谁呢? – |
[1:34:21] | Come on, Briggsie. You were the one who taught me to trust it. | 这是我的直觉,尽管违反一切常理。 得了,布里格斯, 是你教我要相信直觉的。 |
[1:34:26] | I think I’m in love with her, but I– | 我想我是爱上她了,可是,我…… |
[1:34:28] | It’s the stupidest thing that’s ever happened to me. It’s embarrassing. | 这是发生在我身上的最愚蠢的事情, 太让我难堪了。 |
[1:34:32] | Yeah, well, uh, you better take the bull by the horns. | 是啊,好的,呃… 你最好知难而进,勇往直前。 |
[1:34:35] | She’s out of here in about three minutes. Look. | 她大概三分钟后就要离开这里了。你看! |
[1:34:41] | Go ! | 快上! |
[1:34:48] | Miss Fitzgerald, [ Clears Throat ] marry me. | 菲茨杰拉德小姐,[清嗓子]和我结婚吧。 |
[1:34:52] | – What? – I guess C.W.’s had a few. | – 什么? – 我猜C.W.喝了不少。 |
[1:34:54] | -Pretty early for that, don’t you think? -I’ve had a little tequila, but– | – 只是太早了,你认为呢? – 我是喝了点龙舌兰,但是…… |
[1:34:58] | Otherwise I wouldn’t have the nerve to say this. | 否则的话,我不会有勇气说这些话。 |
[1:35:00] | I’m in love with you. I want you to marry me. | 我爱上你了,我希望你嫁给我。 |
[1:35:02] | Mr. Briggs, you’re embarrassing me. | 布里格斯先生,你让我很窘。 |
[1:35:04] | You don’t want to spend the rest of your life with the wrong person… | 你不会希望你这辈子和一个 错误的男人生活在一起吧? |
[1:35:07] | – when it’s me you really love. – C.W., you’re making her uncomfortable. | – 何况你真正爱的是我。 – C.W.,你这样让她很不安。 |
[1:35:10] | Whatever could make you think I could, in my wildest dreams, think of you that way, you– | 不管是什么使你认为我会那样看你, 即使在我最荒唐的梦里都不会,你这个…… |
[1:35:14] | Yeah, I know. ” Nearsighted little cockroach,” or something like that. | 是啊,我知道,又是“近视的小蟑螂”之类的。 |
[1:35:17] | But can’t you see the venom under that? That’s the beauty. | 但是,你看不见恶言秽语之下是什么吗? |
[1:35:20] | Betty, let’s go. C.W., leave here at once. | 那是美好的东西。 贝蒂,我们走。 |
[1:35:22] | I think your idea of moving on professionally wasn’t so crazy. | C.W.,立即离开这儿。 |
[1:35:25] | Hey, look, I’m opening up to you. | 我想你职业上变动的想法并非没有道理。 嘿,听着,我跟你开诚布公。 |
[1:35:27] | I’m putting my heart in your hands. | 我把我的心交到你手里。 |
[1:35:29] | I’ve been difficult because I feared you,just like you feared me. | 我一直和你过不去是因为我害怕你, 就像你害怕我一样。 |
[1:35:33] | Because underneath, we know this is the real thing, and it terrifies us. | 因为在内心深处,我们知道这才是真正的东西, 让我们互相恐惧东西。 |
[1:35:36] | Yes, I fear you. You and Boris Karloff. | 是啊,我害怕你, 你还有鲍里斯・卡洛夫【恐怖片演员】。 – |
[1:35:38] | – [ Sighs ] – Out of the way, C.W. | [叹气] – 别挡着道,C.W.。 |
[1:35:40] | Your heroics do not entitle you to be an obnoxious boor. | 你的英勇事迹并没有使你有资格 成为一个讨人嫌的粗野的人。 |
[1:35:43] | How can a man confessing love be an obnoxious boor? | 一个表达爱意的男人怎么就成了 |
[1:35:46] | [ Scoffs ] I’m afraid Betty and I have big plans, | 讨人嫌的粗野的人? [嘲笑]我跟你说,贝蒂和我 |
[1:35:49] | and they don’t include you. | 有一些重要的计划, 可是它们都与你无关。 |
[1:35:51] | I-I– You wanna spend the rest of your life married to the wrong guy? | 我…我…你想嫁个错误的男人, 一这辈子和他生活在一起吗? |
[1:35:54] | What makes you think I’d marry you even if I wasn’t gonna marry him? | 是什么使你认为即使我不嫁给他, 我就会嫁给你? |
[1:35:57] | – Stop talking about me like I’m not here. – Because it’s me you love. | – 嘿,别那样说我,好像我不存在似的。 – 因为你爱的是我。 |
[1:36:00] | [ Scoffs ] You are too old for me. You are too nearsighted for me. | [嘲笑]你对我来说太老了, 你对我来说太近视了, |
[1:36:03] | – You’re too short for me. – You’re leaving out the best part. | – 你对我来说太矮了。 – 你忘了说最精彩的一条―― |
[1:36:06] | – I’m also losing my hair. – All right, C.W. Good-bye. | – 我也快秃顶了。 – 好了,C.W.,再见。 |
[1:36:09] | – And I mean for good. – Wait– Wait a minute. | – 我是说永远。 – 等…等一下。 |
[1:36:11] | [ Stammering ] Betty Ann. Betty Ann, where are you going? | [结巴]贝蒂・安, 贝蒂・安,你们去哪儿? |
[1:36:15] | – Madagascar? – Someone call the plane and tell them we might be late. | – 马达加斯加? – |
[1:36:21] | You go ahead, Chris. | 谁帮我们往机场打个电话, 说我们可能晚点到。 你走吧,克里斯。 |
[1:36:24] | I’m staying here. | 我留在这里。 |
[1:36:27] | [ Magruder ] What? | 什么? |
[1:36:29] | I’m staying with C.W. | 我留下来和C.W.在一起。 |
[1:36:32] | We have an announcement to make. | 我们有一条消息要宣布。 |
[1:36:36] | Betty Ann, you have a crazy look in your eye. | 贝蒂・安, 你眼里看起来怎么那么怪异。 |
[1:36:40] | I’ve never felt so normal in my life. | 我一生中从来没感觉这么正常过。 |
[1:36:43] | I can’t guarantee that every time I kiss you there’s gonna be fireworks. | 你知道,我可不能保证 每一次我亲吻你都会有焰火伴随。 |
[1:36:47] | I think I fell in love with you the first second I laid eyes on you. | 我想我见到你第一眼 就觉得自己爱上了你。 |
[1:36:51] | I want this woman helped ! Get an ambulance ! | 谁来帮帮这个女人! 快去叫救护车! |
[1:36:54] | Uh, Miss Burke. Call my wife’s attorney. Have him halt the separation. | 呃,伯克小姐,快给我妻子的律师打电话, 让他中止离婚手续。 |
[1:36:58] | – I see trouble on the horizon. – Don’t worry, Mr. Magruder. | – 我似乎看到麻烦来了。 – |
[1:37:00] | She’ll take you back. There’ll be a few new ground rules, but you can adapt. | 别担心,麦格鲁德先生, 她会让你回家的。只是会出台些新的禁闭规则, 但是,你知道,你会适应的。 – |
[1:37:04] | – Gosh, so much passion in a lousy insurance office. – I know. | 天哪,在无聊的保险公司的办公室里, 也会有那么多激情。 – 我早知道。 |
[1:37:07] | – No kiddin’. – You never know. | – 别开玩笑了。 |
[1:37:10] | Hey. Congratulations. | – 谁都猜不到。 嘿,祝贺你们! |
[1:37:14] | A little, uh, going-away present for ya. | 一件小的…呃…临别礼物给你。 |
[1:37:19] | So, should we… | 那么,我们是不是该… |
[1:37:22] | get out of here and find someplace where we can start making up for lost time? | 离开这儿找个地方,这样我们就可以 |
[1:37:26] | How about my place? | 开始弥补我们失去的时间了? 我的住处怎么样? |
[1:37:29] | I think I can live with that. | 我想我没意见。 |
[1:37:32] | Um, God bless everyone, | 呃嗯,上帝保佑各位, |
[1:37:34] | and, uh, God bless Tiny Tim. | “上帝保佑泰尼・蒂姆”【歌手、同名专辑?】。 |
[1:37:37] | – Shall we? – Good luck, you two. | – 走吗? – 祝你俩好运! |
[1:37:42] | Hey, so, what’s gonna happen when she, you know, | 嘿,那么当她醒过来变回到,你知道, |
[1:37:44] | wakes up and she’s back to her old self? | 老的自己的时候会发生什么呢? |
[1:37:46] | Guess the first word out of his mouth every morning has to be ” Madagascar.” | 我想每天早晨他嘴里吐出的第一个词 不得不是“马达加斯加”。 |
[1:37:50] | My gosh, who’d have thunk it. | 天哪,谁会想到这样。 |
[1:37:53] | Hey, what a break for C.W. that in all the commotion… | 嘿,这下真够C.W.受的了, |
[1:37:55] | you forgot to deprogram Miss Fitzgerald, huh? | 在乱得一团糟的情形下, 你忘了替菲茨杰拉德小姐解除魔咒了,哈? |
[1:37:57] | What are you talking about? I didn’t forget anything. I deprogrammed her last night. | 你在说什么啊?我什么都没忘, 我昨晚就替她解除魔咒了。 |
[1:38:03] | You don’t have to worry. I’ll never leave you. | 你不必担心,我永远不会离开你。 |
[1:38:06] | It’s something you don’t even have to think about. | 这你想都不用去想。 |
[1:38:08] | Tell me how you feel about me. | 告…告诉我你对我是什么感觉。 |
[1:38:10] | You’re the most wonderful man in the world– the handsomest, the most brilliant, the sexiest. | 你是世界上最棒的男人―― 最潇洒、最英俊、最性感。 |
[1:38:16] | You know, someday I’m gonna make you feel those things. | 你知道,总有一天, 我会让你对我有这样的感觉的。 |
[1:38:18] | Just,just really feel them. | 只是…只是要好好地去感觉。 |
[1:38:20] | Anything’s possible. | 任何事都有可能。 |
[1:38:23] | I made you feel that way, and I didn’t even have to say “Constantinople.” | 我已经让你对我有这样的感觉了, 只是我都不用说“君士坦丁堡”。 [ 谢谢观看!] |