英文名称:The Cider House Rules
年代:1999
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:45] | In other parts of the world, | 在世界的其他部分 |
[01:47] | young men leave home and travel far and wide… | 年轻人背井离乡 不惜千里迢迢 |
[01:50] | in search of a promising future. | 寻找美好的前景 |
[01:53] | Their journeys are often fueled by dreams of triumphing over evil, | 旅途都充满着趋吉避凶的梦想 |
[01:57] | finding a great love… | 期求觅得真爱 |
[02:00] | or the hope of fortunes easily made. | 或者希望轻易致富 |
[02:03] | Here in St. Cloud’s, not even the decision to get off the train is easily made, | 但在圣云诗这个穷乡僻壤 连决定下火车也不轻易 |
[02:08] | for it requires an earlier, more difficult decision | 因为作出抉择需要早一些 自然更觉困难 |
[02:12] | add a child to your life or leave one behind. | 不是在命中多了个孩子就是把孩子舍弃 |
[02:17] | The only reason people journey here is for the orphanage. | 长途跋涉来这里的唯一原因是找孤儿院 |
[02:21] | – Good morning. – We have an appointment. | -早安 -我们是约好了的 |
[02:23] | Yes. Come in. Welcome to St. Cloud’s. | 对 请进来 欢迎光临圣云诗 |
[02:25] | We’re going right upstairs to see Dr. Larch. | 我们上楼见见黎治医生吧 |
[02:28] | I came as a physician to the abandoned children… | 我来的时候是个为了被遗弃的孩子 |
[02:31] | and unhappily pregnant women. | 和不幸的怀孕妇女的医生 |
[02:34] | I had hoped to become a hero. | 我本来希望做英雄 |
[02:37] | But in St. Cloud’s, there was no such position. | 可惜圣云诗没有这个职位 |
[02:40] | In the lonely, sordid world of lost children, | 在这个孤儿的世界里 |
[02:43] | there were no heroes to be found. | 是找不到英雄的 |
[02:46] | And so I became the caretaker of many, | 所以我照顾很多不幸的人 |
[02:49] | father of none. | 依然膝下无儿 |
[02:51] | Well, in a way, there was one. | 在某方面倒有一个 |
[02:54] | Here he is. | 他来了 |
[02:57] | His name was Homer Wells. | 他名叫井·荷马 |
[02:59] | I named him after the Greek writer. | 我用希腊大诗人给他命名 |
[03:04] | You know, Homer, of course? | 你们都知道荷马是谁吧? |
[03:08] | And I made his name Wells because I could tell he was… | 我给他改的姓是个井字 因为我可以看得出 |
[03:12] | very deep. | 他是很深沉的 |
[03:15] | In truth, Nurse Angela named him. | 其实是安琪拉护士替他改姓的 |
[03:17] | Her father drilled wells, and she once owned a cat named Homer. | 她的父亲倒是钻井的 她以前有一只猫也叫做荷马 |
[03:21] | Bye-bye, Homer. | 再见 荷马 |
[03:28] | Good night, you Princes of Maine, Can we see the doctor? | 你们这群缅因皇子 晚安 我们可以见见医生吗? |
[03:31] | you Kings of New England. | 你们这些新英伦的皇帝 |
[03:34] | Good night. Doctor? | 晚安 医生 |
[03:36] | Doctor? There’s something wrong with him. | 医生? 他有点不对劲 |
[03:39] | – He never makes a sound. – He didn’t cry. | -他是不会出声的 -他没有哭过 |
[03:43] | Orphan babies learn there’s no point in it. | 孤儿都明白哭也没有用 |
[03:46] | Do you think we could have a look at someone a little different? | 我们可以看看另一个不同的吗? |
[03:56] | Thus was Homer Wells returned. He was too happy a baby. | 就这样井·荷马就被送回来了 他婴儿时太开心了 |
[04:00] | Bye, Homer. | 再见 荷马 |
[04:03] | The second family to adopt him had a gift for getting sounds out of Homer. | 第二个收养他的家庭倒有本领令荷马出声 |
[04:08] | They beat him. | 他们打他 |
[04:10] | He couldn’t stop crying. | 他自然哭个不停 |
[04:19] | It’s okay now. | 没事啦 |
[04:22] | Nobody’s gonna hurt you anymore. | 不会再有人伤害你了 |
[04:24] | Here in St. Cloud’s, I try to consider with each rule I make or break… | 我在圣云诗一直考虑到每条细则 |
[04:28] | that my first priority is an orphan’s future. | 最重要的还是孤儿院的前途 |
[04:32] | Twice adopted, twice returned. | 两次被人收养 两次都送回来 |
[04:36] | It didn’t bode well. | 真是不祥之兆 |
[04:42] | And yet it was always clear to me that he was a special boy. | 而我深深感到的是他很异乎寻常 |
[04:47] | Near the angle of the rib. And | 近着肋骨 并且 |
[04:50] | – It was with Homer’s future in mind… – Homer? | -我一直考虑的荷马的前途… -荷马? |
[04:52] | – that I began his tutorials. – If you’re going to stay at St. Cloud’s, | -于是我开始教他 -你若想待在圣云诗的话 |
[04:57] | I expect you to be of use. | 我希望你会有点用 |
[04:59] | I admit that our lessons were, in part, | 我承认部分课程 |
[05:02] | the simple expression of a father’s love. | 都流露出父爱 |
[05:07] | But in failing to withhold love… | 我没法让他感到爱 |
[05:09] | and making the orphanage his home, | 没法让他感到孤儿院是他的家 |
[05:12] | had I created a true and everlasting orphan? | 我是否制造了一个真正的孤儿呢 |
[05:18] | No! Keep breathing. You’re gonna be okay. | 继续呼吸 你没事的 |
[05:21] | And so my excellent pupil learned to look after abandoned children… | 我的优秀学生都学会了照顾被遗弃的孩子 |
[05:25] | and to deliver unwanted babies. Relax! | 还学会了给弃婴接生 放松些 |
[05:29] | Long ago, I had decided that sometimes… | 以前有一段时间 |
[05:33] | it was the women who needed to be delivered. | 我认为需要接生的是女人 |
[05:43] | I chose my own path. | 我选择了我的人生路途 |
[05:46] | No one would ever choose for Homer Wells. | 但却没有人替井·荷马选择 |
[06:00] | 缅因州圣云诗 1943年3月 | |
[06:46] | Dr. Larch! | 黎治医生 |
[06:50] | Dr. Larch! | 黎治医生 |
[06:55] | Dr. Larch? | 黎治医生 |
[06:58] | We have two new patients. | 我们有两个病人 |
[07:00] | – One to deliver. – Coming. | -一个需要接生 -来啦 |
[07:04] | – First pregnancy? – Yes, for both. | -第一次怀孕? -是 两个都是 |
[07:08] | I presume you’d prefer handling the delivery? | 我还以为你想亲自接生 |
[07:11] | All I said was, I don’t wanna perform abortions. | 我说过我不会堕胎的 |
[07:14] | I have no argument with you performing them. | 你来做堕胎手术我倒不会争辩 |
[07:16] | You know how to help these women. | 你懂得怎样帮这些女士的 |
[07:18] | How can you not feel obligated to help them when they can’t get help anywhere else? | 她们没法在别的地方得到帮助 你怎可以不加援手呢? |
[07:22] | One: It’s illegal. | 一: 这是不合法的 |
[07:23] | Two: I didn’t ask how to do it. You just showed me. | 二: 我不曾叫过你教我做 一直以来都是你做给我看 |
[07:27] | What else could I have shown you, Homer? | 我还有什么可以教你呢? |
[07:29] | The only thing I can teach you is what I know. | 我唯一懂得的都传授给你了 |
[07:31] | In any life, you have to be of use. | 你一生人总得有点用吧 |
[07:35] | Of use? Of use. | 有用? 有用 |
[07:40] | That was good, Carla. That was perfect. Everything’s gonna be fine. | 卡娜 做得好 很完美 一切都顺利了 |
[07:44] | – I don’t wanna see it. – You don’t have to see it, dear. Don’t worry. | -我不想看到 -你用不着看到婴孩的 可别担心 |
[07:48] | I don’t even wanna know what sex it is, so don’t tell me! | 我连婴孩的性别也不想知道 别告诉我 |
[07:56] | – I don’t wanna know! – That’s a big boy. | -我不想知道 -倒是个健硕的男婴 |
[07:59] | Let me see him. | 让我看看 |
[08:02] | I wanna see him. | 我想见见他 |
[08:06] | – Would you mind joining me in the nursery? – Okay. | -你不介意陪我到育婴室吧? -好啦 |
[08:13] | Wilbur, the adopting couple is waiting in your office. | 想收养孩子的夫妇在办公室等你 |
[08:16] | Life is waiting. Let ’em wait. | 人生就是不断的等待 叫他们等吧 |
[08:20] | Where’s the name sheet? | 名单在哪? |
[08:22] | Uh, nobody’s named this one yet. | 还未有人用这个名字 |
[08:24] | Oh, it’s my turn. Henceforth, you shall be Little Dorrit. | 轮到我了 你就叫小多莉吧 |
[08:33] | No, you don’t like that, do you? | 不 你也不会喜欢吧? |
[08:35] | He’s a boy, that’s why. | 他是个男孩子嘛 |
[08:38] | Can’t a boy be a Dorrit? | 男孩子不可以名叫多莉吗? |
[08:40] | – I don’t think so. – You do it. | -我觉得不好嘛 -你来改吧 |
[08:43] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:45] | Henceforth, you shall be Little Wilbur. | 你就叫小韦拔吧 |
[08:52] | I’m not crazy about the “Little.” | 我不太喜欢有个”小”字 |
[08:54] | Okay, just Wilbur then. | 那 就叫韦拔吧 |
[08:57] | We haven’t had a Wilbur in a year or so, have we? We used to have dozens. | 这一两年都没有人用这个名字了 以前有十多个孩子用的 |
[09:02] | He sniffs that ether. I’ve seen him do it. | 他嗅乙醚 我见到他这样做 |
[09:05] | It’s because he’s too tired to sleep. He has to. | 他累得没法睡着 可以要这样做 |
[09:08] | He smells like he could put you to sleep. | 他一身乙醚味令人昏昏欲睡 |
[09:10] | He’s a doctor, Buster. Doctors smell like ether. | 他是医生嘛 毕士打 医生总会有乙醚味的 |
[09:13] | – You’re a doctor, Homer. You don’t smell like ether. – I’m not a doctor. | -你也是医生 荷马 你却没有乙醚味 -我并不是医生 |
[09:16] | I haven’t been to medical school. I haven’t even been to high school. | 我没上过医学院 也没上过中学 |
[09:19] | – But you’ve studied with the old man for years. – I’m not a doctor. | -但你跟那老人家学了许多年 -我并不是医生啊 |
[09:25] | I’m sorry, Homer. | 对不起 荷马 |
[09:32] | Fuzzy is not uncommon. | 费兹的症状并未算不寻常 |
[09:34] | There’s something about the premature babies of alcoholic mothers. | 有些未足月的婴儿的母亲酗酒 |
[09:39] | They seem to be susceptible to every damn thing that comes along. | 所以易受感染易受影响 |
[09:42] | I haven’t read that. | 我倒没读过 |
[09:45] | I haven’t either, but you will. | 我也没有 但你会读到的 |
[09:48] | Those morons who write the books ought to do some research here. | 写那些书的笨蛋该来这里做些实际研究 |
[09:52] | Isn’t Fuzzy just underdeveloped? | 费兹算是发育不全吗? |
[09:55] | When doesn’t he have bronchitis? | 他几时患了支气管炎的? |
[09:57] | I wouldn’t call his bronchial infection underdeveloped, would you? | 我倒不认为他的支气管是发炎 而且未算发育不全 |
[10:01] | Come on, Fuzz. | 来吧 费兹 |
[10:04] | Here we go. Feet up. | 我们开始 把脚提起 |
[10:07] | There you are. | 行啦 |
[10:10] | – What’s going on here? – Sit up straight. | -什么事啊? -挺直身子坐 |
[10:15] | Wilbur? Wilbur, can you come out here, please? | 韦拔 过来好吧 |
[10:19] | There you go. | 行啦 |
[10:23] | – Hi, Homer. Hey. – What is it, Mary Agnes? | -嗨 荷马 -艾·玛莉 什么事? |
[10:26] | Now calm down. | 静一些 |
[10:30] | – What is it? – Look. | -什么事? -你看 |
[10:34] | Oh. Uh, did you bite it? | 是你自己把舌头咬伤的吗? |
[10:39] | – Did you bite your tongue? – I don’t remember. | -是你自己咬伤的吗? -我记不清楚了 |
[10:44] | Uh, yeah. That looks like you bit it. You’ll be fine. | 看来是你自己咬伤的了 很快就会痊愈的 |
[10:48] | Well, maybe I was kissing someone and he bit me. | 也许是我吻人时被对方咬到吧 |
[10:52] | Oh, I think you bit it. Maybe in your sleep. Story time, Fuzzy. | 我认为你是在梦中咬伤自己 讲故事的时间了 费兹 |
[10:56] | Lord, support us all the day long… | 主啊 求你整天庇佑我们 |
[11:00] | until the shadows lengthen and the evening comes… | 直至日影延长 黄昏降临 |
[11:04] | and the busy world is hushed and the fever of life is over… | 直至喧嚣的世界静下来 直至生命的热度冷下来 |
[11:09] | and our work is done. | 直至我们的工作完成了 |
[11:11] | Then in Thy mercy, | 然后在主你的慈悲恩赐下 |
[11:13] | grant us a safe lodging and a holy rest… | 让我们终于能在圣宠下 |
[11:18] | and peace at the last. | 安躺 |
[11:20] | Amen. | 诚心所愿 |
[11:23] | “A dog, which had lain concealed till now… | 那一只雌伏已久的狗 |
[11:25] | “ran backwards and forwards on the parapet… | 在屋上慌慌张张地跑 |
[11:28] | “with a dismal howl. | 发生一声吠叫后 |
[11:31] | “And collecting himself for a spring, | 蓄势 |
[11:33] | “jumped for the dead man’s shoulders. | 跳向那个死人的肩 |
[11:36] | “Missing his aim, he fell into a ditch… | 结果掉进沟里 |
[11:39] | “turning completely over as he went… | 几下翻滚后 |
[11:42] | “and striking his head against the stone, | 一头撞向石头 |
[11:44] | dashed out his brains.” | 结果脑浆也迸出来了 |
[11:47] | And that… | 这一篇 |
[11:49] | is the end of the chapter. | 又讲完了 |
[11:57] | That’s it till tomorrow. | 明天再讲吧 |
[12:05] | Good night, you Princes of Maine, | 晚安 你们这群缅因州皇子 |
[12:08] | you Kings of New England. | 你们这些新英格兰皇帝 |
[12:14] | Good night, Princes of Maine, Kings of New England. | 晚安 你们这群缅因州皇子 新英格兰皇帝 |
[12:17] | Whoa. | 嗯 |
[12:20] | John, you all right? | 约翰 你没事吧? |
[12:23] | Why does Dr. Larch say that every night? | 黎治医生干嘛每晚都这样说? |
[12:28] | – Maybe to scare us. – No, you jerk. | -也许想吓吓我们吧 -不会 你这笨蛋 |
[12:32] | Dr. Larch loves us. | 黎治医生很疼爱我们 |
[12:35] | But why does he do that? | 他干嘛这样做呢? |
[12:37] | – Does it because we like it. – Do you like it, Curly? | -是不是因为我们喜欢呢? -毛头 你喜欢吗? |
[12:43] | Yeah. | 喜欢哟 |
[12:45] | I like it too. | 我也喜欢 |
[12:48] | Watch the door. | 看着门啊 |
[12:51] | You two get Copperfield and Curly. Buster’s mine. | 你两个掷高柏菲和毛头 毕士打由我对付 |
[12:54] | – And remember, nobody touches Fuzzy. – Attack! | -记住千万别碰费兹 -进攻 |
[13:22] | What do you think you’re doing? | 你干吗? |
[13:24] | Children, stop it. No fighting. Share the snowballs. | 停止 别打 一齐分雪球吧 |
[13:34] | Fuzzy. Fuzzy. | 费兹 |
[13:36] | Listen to you. You’ve been running. | 听你说 你一直跑嘛 |
[13:50] | Hey, over here! Look! Pick me! | 在这里 看啊 接我 |
[14:01] | I know the type. They’ll take one of the babies. | 我了解那一类人 他们会带走其中一个的 |
[14:13] | Mary Agnes. | 艾·玛莉 |
[14:17] | Come here. Don’t run. | 来这里 不要跑 |
[14:21] | Fuzzy. | 费兹 |
[14:24] | Curly. | 毛头 |
[14:32] | John. | 约翰 |
[14:38] | Hazel. | 希素 |
[14:42] | Andy. | 安迪 |
[15:09] | They wanted a girl, Curly. | 他们要了一个女的 |
[15:13] | Nobody ever wants me. | 总是没人要我 |
[15:16] | Oh, hey. Hey, come on. | 来 |
[15:20] | Come here. | 来我这儿 |
[15:22] | You know, you’re one of the best, Curly. | 你是数一数二的嘛 |
[15:25] | And we wouldn’t let just anyone take you. | 我们不想让任何人带走你 |
[15:27] | Dr. Larch wouldn’t let just anyone take any of us. | 黎治医生不想这样吗? |
[15:31] | Well, that’s true. | 是真的啊 |
[15:33] | – Nobody’s asked for me, have they? – Nobody special enough, Curly. | -没有人说过要我 是吗? -没有特别出色的人 |
[15:37] | You mean somebody has? | 你是说有人想过? |
[15:39] | Only the right people can have you. | 只有恰当的人才可以带走你 |
[15:42] | Now what do you say we go unpack your suitcase? | 我们去替你打开箱子吧 |
[15:45] | It’s movie night tonight, Curly. | 今晚有电影看啊 |
[16:18] | Look. Kong thinks she’s his mother. | 看 金刚以为她是他的母亲 |
[16:20] | – His mother? – He thinks she’s his mother. | -他的母亲 -他以为她是他的母亲 |
[16:23] | – He doesn’t think she’s his mother, Fuzzy. – He does so. He loves her. | -他不会以为她是自己的母亲的 -他是以为啊 他爱上她嘛 |
[16:28] | That’s why he holds her. Shh, Fuzzy. | 所以他握着她 嘘 费兹 |
[16:34] | Fuzzy, how can she be his mother? | 她怎可以是他的母亲呢? |
[16:39] | He just thinks she is. | 他只是以为嘛 |
[16:46] | They want to replace me. | 他们想找人取代我 |
[16:48] | The Board of Trustees wants to replace me. | 我是指信托基金的董事局 |
[16:51] | They just want you to hire some new help. | 他们只是想你多找个助手罢了 |
[16:53] | We don’t need any more help. Some new things would be useful. | 我们用不着新人来帮忙 添些新器材会有用 |
[16:59] | Aw, come on. | 不 又断片了 |
[17:02] | – Homer, I need you. – Happens every time. | -荷马 我需要你帮一帮 -总是这样 |
[17:08] | Kong, Kong, Kong, Kong, Kong, Kong! | 金刚 金刚 金刚 |
[17:11] | Thought you’d taken care of this. Always breaks in the same place. | 我还以为你早就粘接好了 老是在同一个位置断掉 |
[17:15] | – It’s your splice, isn’t it? – No, it is your splice. You blame me for everything. | -是你粘接的吗? -不 是你粘接的 什么事你都怪责我 |
[17:20] | Angela, we need a new movie, a new projector, a new typewriter. | 安琪拉 我们要一套新电影 一具新的放映机 一具新的打字机 |
[17:24] | That’s what needs replacing around here. | 这些都要换了 |
[17:26] | – Wilbur, we have a delivery. – Homer, would you get this one? | -我们有一宗接生要做了 -荷马 你去做好吗? |
[17:29] | She’s a patient, right? She should see a doctor. | 她是个病人吧? 她应该看医生的 |
[17:33] | Homer, you are a skilled and gifted surgeon… | 荷马 你是个外科医生 技巧好 天份高 |
[17:37] | with near perfect obstetrical and gynecological procedure. | 分娩与妇科几乎登堂入室了 |
[17:40] | I just mean that I’d rather fix the movie tonight. | 我今晚宁可去接驳电影了 |
[17:45] | Okay, sure. | 好吧 |
[17:48] | You splice, I’ll deliver. | 你来粘接 我去接生 |
[17:58] | Come on, Fuzz. Let’s go. Let go. Come on. | 来 费兹 放手吧 |
[18:02] | Homer, doesn’t King Kong think the woman is his mother? | 金刚不是以为她是自己的母亲吗 |
[18:05] | – That’s right, Fuzz. That’s what Kong thinks. – That’s why Kong loves her. | -是啊 金刚正是这样想 -所以金刚疼爱她 |
[18:09] | It’s your turn. I’ll get this. | 轮到你啦 |
[18:12] | Okay. Story time! | 好吧 讲故事的时间了 |
[18:20] | The Personal History of David Copperfield. | 大卫·考柏菲尔的奋斗史 |
[18:23] | Chapter one. “I am born.” | 第一章 我的出生 |
[18:27] | “Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life… | 我能否成为我生命中的英雄 |
[18:31] | “or whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show. | 我的基地会不会被人占领 以下几页就要细说端详 |
[18:36] | “I was a posthumous child. | 我是父亲死后才出生的遗腹子 |
[18:39] | “My father’s eyes had closed upon the light of this world… | 我父亲闭目长逝六个月后 |
[18:42] | six months when mine opened on it.” | 我才张开双目 降落人间 |
[18:46] | His father’s dead, right? | 他的父亲死了 是吗? |
[18:49] | That’s right, Fuzz. | 对了 费兹 |
[18:51] | Is your father dead? | 你的父亲也死了吗? |
[18:53] | Cirrhosis. It’s a disease of the liver. | 死于肝硬化 是肝病的一种 |
[18:58] | What, a liver killed him? | 什么? 一个肝也会害死他? |
[19:01] | No, alcohol killed him. He drank himself to death. | 不 是酒精害死他的 他是饮酒过量致死的 |
[19:05] | But did you know him? Barely. | 你认识他吗? 稍稍认识吧 |
[19:08] | But it hardly mattered that I knew him. | 但认不认识他都无所谓了 |
[19:11] | Did you know your mother better? | 你认识你母亲多一点吧? |
[19:14] | She’s dead now too. She was a nanny. | 她现在也死了 她生前是个保姆 |
[19:18] | What’s a nanny do? | 保姆是什么? |
[19:20] | She looks after other people’s children. | 她看管别人的孩子 |
[19:24] | – Did she grow up around here? – No. | -她是在这一带长大的吗? -不 |
[19:26] | – She was an immigrant. – What’s an immigrant? | -她是移民 -移民是什么? |
[19:31] | Someone not from Maine. | 并非缅因州的人 |
[19:38] | Let us be happy for Hazel. | 我们替希素感到快乐吧 |
[19:40] | Hazel has found a family. Good night, Hazel. | 希素找到一个家庭收养她了 晚安 希素 |
[19:44] | Good night, Hazel. | 晚安 希素 |
[20:23] | I was dreaming about you. How beautiful you were. | 我梦想着你 你多美哟 |
[20:28] | – Ah, you weren’t. – I was. | -你没有 -我有哇 |
[20:31] | – And I was beautiful? – You were. | -我真的很美? -你很美 |
[20:34] | You are. | 你一直都很美 |
[20:36] | It was fantastic. | 真是奇妙 |
[20:41] | It was just the ether, Wilbur. | 是乙醚的影响罢了 |
[20:57] | – Hi. – Hey, Eddie, look at this. | -嗨 -来看这个 |
[21:01] | – Homer, do you ever think about trying to find your parents? – Not really. | -你有想过去找父母吗? -没真的想过 |
[21:07] | Why not? | 为什么没想过 |
[21:09] | Well, they never did the things parents are supposed to do. | 他们从没尽过做父母的责任 |
[21:12] | Dr. Larch did those things and Nurse Edna and Nurse Angela. | 黎治医生 爱娜和安琪护士倒更像是父母 |
[21:17] | Well, I wish I could meet mine anyway, sometimes. | 但愿我能见到我的父母 |
[21:22] | What for? | 见到又有什么用? |
[21:26] | Well, I’d like to show ’em that I could cook a little. | 我想让他们知道我略懂烹饪 |
[21:34] | that I could drive a truck. | 而且还会开拖拉车 |
[21:41] | Sometimes I wanna meet them so I can kill them. Just sort of kill them. | 有时我想见到父母 那就可以杀了他们 |
[21:55] | You know I’d never kill anyone, right? | 你知我从没杀过人吧? |
[21:58] | – Mm-hmm. I know. – Get away! | -嗯 我知道 -滚开 |
[22:01] | Get the hell off of me! | 给我滚开 |
[22:03] | I think Mary Agnes could kill someone. | 我想艾·玛莉也可以杀人 |
[22:06] | – What the hell do you think you’re doing? – I don’t think so. | -你以为自己在干什么? -我倒不这样想 |
[22:09] | No, she’s… she’s just an emotional girl. | 她只不过是情绪化而已 |
[22:13] | What’s she so emotional about? | 她怎会这么情绪化呢? |
[22:15] | She got left here like the rest of us, didn’t she? | 她不是跟我们一样被留在这里吗? |
[22:27] | Throw it to Copperfield. | 扔给高柏菲 |
[22:29] | I go first. | 我先走 |
[22:31] | I’ll be on Buster’s team. | 我会和毕士打一队 |
[22:39] | Look! | 看 |
[22:41] | Her temperature is 104. | 她烧到一百零四度 |
[22:43] | Scoot down. | 慢慢下来 |
[22:46] | Come on. Good girl. That’s a girl. Little more. | 来 好女孩儿 那是一个更小的女孩儿 |
[22:50] | Dear child, it won’t hurt when I look. I’m just gonna look. | 乖孩子 我看看 不会痛的 我只是看看而已 |
[22:53] | All right. | 好吧 |
[23:04] | Dear child, did you, uh, do something to yourself? | 是你弄成自己这样的吗? |
[23:07] | It wasn’t me. It wasn’t me. | 不是我 不是我 |
[23:10] | Did you go to someone else? | 你去看过其他医生吗? |
[23:12] | He said he was a doctor. | 他说自己是医生 |
[23:13] | I would never have stuck that inside of me. It wasn’t me. | 要不然我不会把它放进去的 不是我 |
[23:16] | Listen, you’ve been very brave. | 听我讲 你一直都很勇敢 |
[23:18] | – I’m going to put you to sleep. – It wasn’t me. | -我现在要让你安睡 -不是我 |
[23:20] | Homer, I want you to see this. | 我要你看着 |
[23:24] | You won’t feel it any more. | 你不会再感到痛了 |
[23:29] | You’ve been very brave. We’ll make it deep. | 你一直都很勇敢嘛 我们要弄深一些 |
[23:34] | – You sure? – You bet. | -一定要? -当然要啦 |
[23:36] | The fetus is unexpelled. Her uterus is punctured. | 胎儿不能出来 她的子宫穿了 |
[23:41] | She has acute peritonitis, and there’s a foreign object. | 她患了严重的腹膜炎 还有一样古怪的东西 |
[23:46] | I think it’s a crochet hook. | 我想可能是勾针 |
[23:52] | Take this. | 拿着乙醚 |
[23:55] | If she had come to you four months ago and asked for a simple D&C, | 如果她四个月前来找你堕胎 |
[23:59] | what would you have done? | 你会做什么? |
[24:01] | Nothing! This is what doing nothing gets you. | 什么都没做 什么都没做就会贻害你了 |
[24:06] | It means that somebody else is gonna do the job, some moron who doesn’t know how. | 我是说总得有人要做 那个笨蛋是不会做 |
[24:14] | I wish you’d have come to me, dear child. | 你早些来找我就好了 |
[24:31] | What did she die of? | 她是死于什么的? |
[24:33] | She died of secrecy. | 死于隐藏 |
[24:35] | She died of ignorance. | 死于无知 |
[24:40] | Homer, if you expect people to be responsible for their children, | 你若希望人家照顾自己的子女 |
[24:44] | you have to give them the right to decide whether or not to have children. | 你要让人家决定要不要子女 |
[24:49] | – Wouldn’t you agree? – How about expecting people to be responsible enough… | -同意吗? -可以希望人家 |
[24:52] | to control themselves to begin with? | 一开始就懂得控制自己吗? |
[24:54] | How about this child? You expect her to be responsible? | 这个姑娘呢? 你希望她懂得责任感? |
[24:58] | I’m not talking about her. | 我不是指她 |
[25:01] | I’m talking about adults. | 我是指成年人 |
[25:04] | You know who I mean. | 你知道我说的是谁吧 |
[25:11] | – What? – It’s just… It’s just a marvel to me… | -什么? -我感到惊喜的 |
[25:14] | that you still have such high expectations of people. | 是你对别人的要求依然很高 |
[25:18] | – I’m happy I amuse you. – Look at it this way. | -令你感到惊喜 我也开心 -用这个角度来看吧 |
[25:22] | What choice does Buster have? What are his options? | 毕士打有什么选择呢? |
[25:26] | – Nobody will ever adopt him. – Look at it this way. | -没有人会收养他的 -用这个角度来看吧 |
[25:30] | Buster and I are sitting here right beside you. | 毕士打和我坐在这里 在你身边 |
[25:32] | We could have ended up in the incinerator. | 我们结果都会进焚化炉 |
[25:34] | Happy to be alive under any circumstances. Is that your point? | 在任何环境下能生存就值得开心 你的论点是这样吗? |
[25:47] | Happy to be alive? Yeah, I guess so. | 能生存就值得开心 对 我想是这样吧 |
[26:06] | You’re it. Pass it over here. | 你扮鬼 抛过来 |
[26:10] | – So many children. Are they all orphans? – Well, it is an orphanage. | -这么多孩子 他们全都是孤儿吗? -嗯 这是一家孤儿院 |
[26:17] | – Who wants chocolate? – I want some chocolate. | -谁要巧克力? -我要一些吧 |
[26:19] | Hi. Okay. | 嗨 好了 |
[26:22] | They’re getting in the car. Watch your fingers. | 他们都上车啦 |
[26:25] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[26:27] | Hi. Hi. | 嗨 嗨 |
[26:30] | – I’m the best. – You are? | -我是最好的 -你是吗? |
[26:33] | Wow! The best? The best at what? | 最好 哪方面最好? |
[26:36] | – I’m the best one. – The best one, huh? | -我是最好的一个 -最好嘛? |
[26:40] | – I’m the best one of all the kids. – You are? | -我是所有孩子中最好的 -你是吗? |
[26:42] | He seems like the best one. | 他看来倒像是最好的 |
[26:51] | Well, let’s see if we can take care of that. Can you blow? | 我来帮一帮你好吗? 你会喷鼻涕吗? |
[26:55] | I really am the best. I just have a cold. | 我真的是最好的 我只不过是伤风而已 |
[26:58] | Sorry. They’re not used to seeing a car like this. | 对不起 他们很少机会见到这样的车子 |
[27:01] | Ah, it’s okay. I don’t mind. | 无所谓 我不会介意的 |
[27:03] | Come on. | 出来吧 |
[27:05] | – Come on. Let’s get out. – Come on now. | -现在出来吧 -我还可以在车里玩吗? |
[27:07] | – Oh, sure you can. Come on. – Good morning. | -当然可以啦 -早安 |
[27:12] | – Morning. – Dr. Larch. | -您早 -我是黎治医生 |
[27:14] | – Candy. – Hi, I’m Wally. I brought some chocolates for the kids. | -我叫甘蒂 -我叫华利 我带了一些巧克力来给孩子 |
[27:18] | Chocolates? How thoughtful. Come on, Curly. | 巧克力? 你太有心了 来吧 毛头 |
[27:25] | So, Mrs.Candy. | 小姐的芳名是… |
[27:29] | Candy Kendall. | 甘蒂 简·甘蒂 |
[27:31] | Wally. Wally Worthington. | 华利 王·华利 |
[27:44] | How many months are you? | 你有了几个月? |
[27:52] | – Uh, two. – Two. | -两个 -两个 |
[28:03] | Are you… Are you the… Are you doing the | 是由你来… |
[28:06] | Oh, no. Dr. Larch will be performing the procedure. | 噢 不是 是由黎治医生做的 |
[28:10] | Oh, good. | 那就好了 |
[28:12] | I was… I was just curious. | 我只是好奇问一问 |
[28:15] | Excuse me. | 恕我打扰 |
[28:18] | The woman you delivered last night, she’s complaining of pain. | 昨晚让你接生的那个女子 她在说还很痛 |
[28:21] | Okay. I’ll take a look. Couple of minutes. Thank you. | 好 我会去看看的 过几分钟吧 谢谢你 |
[28:36] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[28:38] | Yeah. I think it was the ether. | 没什么 我想是乙醚吧 |
[28:42] | Oh, the… That smell must’ve got to me. | 一定是那种气味令我受不了 |
[28:47] | Oh, God, this is all my fault. | 老天 都是我不好 |
[28:51] | Homer, Steerforth got into the pantry. He’s eaten all the pie dough. | 荷马 施科入了厨房 他把所有的馅饼都吃光了 |
[28:55] | – He wasn’t sharing it either. – He’s down the hall throwing up. | -他没有分给我们吃 -但在大堂下面呕个不停 |
[28:58] | – He’s such a pig. – Don’t call him a pig. It’s not nice to call people names. | -他是猪猡 -别叫他猪猡 责骂人家是不好的 |
[29:02] | But he is a pig. | 但他是猪猡嘛 |
[29:07] | What kind of planes do you fly in? | 你搭什么飞机来的? |
[29:10] | AB-24 Liberator. | B24轰炸机 |
[29:12] | Oh. Liberator. | 轰炸机? |
[29:16] | You enlisted? | 你入伍了吗? |
[29:20] | They wouldn’t take me. I’m Class 4. I have a heart defect. | 他们不肯收我 我的心脏有毛病 |
[29:23] | – Yeah? Is it serious? – No. | -严重吗? -不 |
[29:26] | No, it’s not serious. I’m just not supposed to get excited. | 不算严重 我只不过是不可以太激动 |
[29:30] | You know, no strain, no stress. I try to keep calm all the time. | 没有什么压力 我一直都尽量保持冷静 |
[29:33] | I can’t imagine there’s any strain or stress around here. | 这一带不该有什么压力吧 |
[29:37] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[29:45] | – How she’s doing? – Just fine. | -她怎么啦? -她很好 |
[29:48] | Good. | 那就好了 |
[29:52] | Boy or a girl? | 男的还是女的? |
[29:54] | – It’s all over, dear. – Yeah, it’s all over, honey. | -做好啦 -对 都做好了 |
[30:02] | I would really like to have a baby one day. | 有一天我真的想有个孩子 |
[30:07] | I really would. Why, of course. | 我真的很想 |
[30:09] | You can have as many children as you want. | 你要有多少个都可以 |
[30:12] | – I’m sure you’ll have very beautiful children. – Oh, yes, I’m sure. I’m sure. | -而且一定会有很漂亮的子女 -对 一定会的 |
[30:19] | You’ll have Princes of Maine. You’ll have Kings of New England. | 你会有缅因州的皇子 也会有新英格兰的皇帝 |
[30:26] | Lieutenant, I think you should find yourself some fresh air. | 中尉 你该去吸些新鲜空气了 |
[30:42] | I still don’t feel so good. | 我还是感到不大好 |
[30:45] | Homer, what’s a runt? Copperfield called me a runt. | 荷马”三寸钉”是什么意思? 高柏菲叫我做”三寸钉” |
[30:48] | He was just kidding, Fuzz. | 费兹 他开玩笑而已 |
[30:50] | Here. Orange is my favorite color. | 给你 橙色是我喜欢的颜色 |
[30:53] | Should I keep the teeth orange? | 应该继续用橙色吗? |
[30:56] | Homer, look. | 荷马 你看 |
[30:58] | Homer, look, look. | 荷马 你看 快看 |
[31:02] | Homer, when is Halloween? | 荷马 万圣节是什么节? |
[31:05] | – It’s at the end of October. – Is that soon? | -是在十月底的节日 -那么快就到了? |
[31:08] | That’s a few months away, Fuzz. | 还有几个月 |
[31:11] | Oh, it’s the best time. Homer? | 来得真好 |
[31:16] | – What is Honolulu? – Honolulu? | -火奴鲁鲁是什么? -火奴鲁鲁? |
[31:19] | Hmm. It’s a city. | 是个城市 |
[31:22] | Oh. What’s the moonlight like? | 那个城市的月色是怎样的? |
[31:27] | Well, I’ve never been there, | 我没到过那个地方 |
[31:30] | but I think that it would probably be very bright. Oh. | 但我猜可能会很光亮 |
[31:34] | Why do we get pumpkins only once a year? | 为什么南瓜每年只收成一次? |
[31:39] | Don’t get too excited, Fuzzy. | 费兹 别太紧张 |
[31:49] | Eeew, that’s disgusting! He does this all the time. | 真讨厌 他一直都这样 |
[31:53] | Stop it right now. | 马上停下来 |
[32:26] | – Hey. – Hey. How’s she doin’? | -嘿 -她怎么啦? |
[32:29] | – Oh, she’s fine. – Good. | -噢 她还好 -很好 |
[32:34] | Fine. | 还好 |
[32:39] | I… I was wondering if you could give me a ride? | 不知你可不可以载我一程? |
[32:44] | Sure. | 当然 |
[32:46] | I’d be glad to. Uh, a ride where? | 我当然乐意啦 你想去哪儿? |
[32:50] | Where you going? | 你上哪儿去? |
[32:52] | We’re headin’ back to Cape Kenneth. | 我们返回坚尼夫角 |
[32:54] | Cape Kenneth? That sounds fine. | 坚尼夫角? 很好哇 |
[33:00] | Okay. | 那好吧 |
[33:14] | Doubtless you will let me know what immensely worthwhile… | 你一定想让我知道 |
[33:17] | or at least useful thing that it is you find to do. | 做一些什么有价值又有用的事吧 |
[33:21] | I wasn’t intending to leave here to be entirely useless. | 我离开这里正是想做些有用的事 |
[33:24] | I expect I’ll find some other way to be of use. | 我希望找到其他途径做有用的事 |
[33:28] | – In other parts of the world, I suppose there are other ways. – Of course. | -我相信在世界其他地方会找到的 -那当然啦 |
[33:32] | Are you so stupid you imagine you’re going to find a more gratifying life? | 你笨得以为会发现更丰盛的人生 |
[33:36] | What you will find is people like the poor people who get left here. | 你只会发现那些人都像被遗弃在这儿的人一样 |
[33:39] | Only nobody takes care of them half as well. | 而且受到的照顾没这里一半的好 |
[33:42] | You won’t be able to take care of them either. | 你也没法照顾他们 |
[33:44] | There’s no taking care of anybody, not out there. | 外边是谈不上照顾这两个字的 |
[33:49] | You know I’m grateful for everything that you’ve done for me. | 你为我做的一切 我非常感激 |
[33:53] | – I don’t need your gratitude. – I don’t need this. I know all about my condition. | -我用不着你感激我 -不用了 我知道自己身体的状况 |
[33:58] | It’s your heart. You ought to take it with you. | 你的心脏有问题 你该带着 |
[34:11] | Going where? Does he have a plan of some kind? | 他去哪儿? 他可有什么特别的计划吗? |
[34:15] | – Will he be back soon? – I don’t know. He’s just leaving. | -他会很快回来吗? -我不知道啊 他刚离开 |
[34:18] | You were the one who says he needs to see the world. | 说他需要见见世面的是你们哟 |
[34:21] | – That’s what he’ll do, is see the world. – He’s leaving. | -他现在不正是去见见世面吗? -他快走了 |
[34:25] | He’ll need clothes. He’ll need some money. Let him try to make some money. | 他需要行装 也需要金钱 让他试试去挣点钱吧 |
[34:30] | That’s part of seeing the world, isn’t it? | 要见见世面就要这样子了 |
[34:32] | Oh, Wilbur, stop it. You knew this was going to happen. He’s a young man. | 别这样讲了 这本来该是一件快乐的事 他是个年轻人嘛 |
[34:38] | He’s still a boy. | 他还是个小孩子 |
[34:40] | Out in the world, | 在外边的世界 |
[34:44] | he’s still a boy. | 他还是个小孩子 |
[34:46] | Just find him some clothes, Wilbur. | 去帮他找些衣服吧 |
[34:51] | He could use some clothes. | 他很需要的 |
[35:19] | Homer. | 荷马 |
[35:23] | Copperfield. It’ll be all right. | 高柏菲 |
[35:26] | Children, up on the porch. Up, up. | 孩子们 上来这儿 |
[35:31] | Say goodbye. Wave from here. | 说再见吧 在这儿挥手道别 |
[35:40] | – Bye. Bye. – Bye, Homer. | -再见 再见 -再见 荷马 |
[35:50] | Bye, Homer. | 再见 荷马 |
[35:54] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[36:15] | – I can walk. Put me down. – Nope. I wanna carry you. | -我可以步行嘛 把我放下来吧 -我想抱你嘛 |
[36:18] | No, it’s okay. Here, let me get this. | 不用了 行啦 |
[36:22] | Wally, put me down. | 把我放下来吧 |
[36:25] | Okay. Okay. | 行啦 行啦 |
[36:32] | Coming with us? That’s good. | 跟我们一起? 那就好了 |
[36:35] | You never know when you’re gonna need a doctor. | 谁都不知什么时候要看医生的 |
[36:38] | – Do you want me to put the top up? – No. | -要我用革篷吗? -不 |
[36:41] | – You might get cold. – I want some fresh air. | -你可能会着凉的 -我要吸一些新鲜空气 |
[36:52] | She’ll be just fine. | 她不会有事的 |
[36:58] | Is he gonna come out? | 他会出来吗? |
[37:10] | – Bye, Homer. – Bye, Curly. | -再见了 荷马 -再见 毛头 |
[37:14] | Sorry I have to go. | 很抱歉 我得走啦 |
[37:17] | It’s not fair. You’re too old. | 不公平嘛 你年纪远比我大 |
[37:28] | I couldn’t find Buster. Maybe you could tell him that I | 我找不到毕士打 你告诉他我… |
[37:44] | Bye, Homer! Don’t go too far! | 再见 不要走远了 |
[37:48] | Homer, bye! | 荷马 再见 |
[37:52] | Hey, Homer! | 嘿 荷马 |
[38:28] | Let us be happy for Homer Wells. | 我们替荷马感到开心吧 |
[38:30] | Homer has found a family. | 荷马找到一个家庭了 |
[38:33] | Aren’t we all happy for Homer? | 我们不都是替他感到高兴吗? |
[38:36] | – Yes. – Good night, Homer. | -是啊 -晚安了 荷马 |
[38:40] | Good night, Homer. | 晚安 荷马 |
[38:46] | Good night, Homer. | 晚安 荷马 |
[39:39] | Actually, the army’s given me leave twice. | 其实军部让我拿了两次假期 |
[39:44] | First, when my father died. And now I’m on leave to help my mom with the harvest. | 第一次是家父过身 现在我放假帮我妈妈收割 |
[39:47] | She’s no farmer. Apples were my dad’s business, | 她并不是农人 苹果是先父的生意 |
[39:49] | but with the war on she’s short of pickers. | 打仗期间我们请摘苹果的人不够 |
[39:52] | – Wally thinks apples are boring. – I never said they were boring. | -华利认为苹果沉闷 -我可没说过 |
[39:56] | Yes, you did. You said apples weren’t exactly flying. | 你有说过 你说苹果不会凌空飞翔 |
[40:00] | – They aren’t. – I think I would like the apple business. | -是不会嘛 -我想我会喜欢苹果生意的 |
[40:04] | – You’re a little overqualified, aren’t you? – No. | -你的资历似乎偏高了一点吧? -不 |
[40:07] | – No, not really. I need a job. -Where are you headed? | -不 我正需要一份工作 -你打算去哪? |
[40:11] | I don’t know. What are you gonna do? | 我不晓得 你打算做什么? |
[40:14] | I don’t know. | 我不晓得 |
[40:16] | Is your family in the apple business too, Candy? | 你家人也是做苹果生意的吗? |
[40:20] | No. But I work there. I like it. | 不 但我喜欢在那儿工作 |
[40:23] | My dad’s a lobster man. | 我爹是做龙虾生意的 |
[40:26] | Oh, wow. | 哇哦 |
[40:30] | I’ve never actually seen a lobster. | 我连龙虾也从未见过 |
[40:34] | Are you serious? | 你不是说笑吧? |
[40:37] | I’ve never seen the ocean either. | 我连海洋也未见过 |
[40:40] | You… You’ve never seen the ocean? | 你连海洋也未见过? |
[40:43] | That’s not funny. That’s serious. | 这并不是好笑 你太孤陋寡闻了 |
[41:39] | It’s beautiful. | 很美哟 |
[41:43] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[41:49] | Do you have cramps? | 你有痉孪吗? |
[41:54] | They’ll ease up soon. | 很快会缓解的 |
[41:57] | As long as the bleeding isn’t heavy, it’s normal, | 只要流血不多 倒算正常 |
[42:00] | it should taper off tomorrow. | 明天应该会减慢 |
[42:03] | Catch! | 抓住 |
[42:07] | All right. | 好吧 |
[42:09] | – Throw it back. – Okay. | -抛回来吧 -好的 |
[42:11] | All right! | 好了 |
[42:13] | Put your fingers on the laces. | 把手指放在图案上吧 |
[42:17] | Here’s China. Here’s India. | 这里是中国 这里是印度 |
[42:20] | Seven-hour round trip flight. It’s called the “Burma run.” | 七个钟头 来回飞行 这里叫做缅甸 |
[42:24] | And this part’s called “Flying over the hump.” These are the Himalayas. | 而这部份叫做飞越山脉 这些是喜马拉雅山 |
[42:27] | How high do you fly there? | 你飞过多高 |
[42:30] | Well, I have to fly 15,000 feet within the first 35 minutes. | 最初的三十五分钟 我要飞一万五千英尺 |
[42:34] | Otherwise we won’t make it over the first mountain. | 否则就飞不过第一座山了 |
[42:37] | – They got the worst air currents in the world. – Dangerous, huh? | -那边有全世界最厉害的气派 -很危险吧? |
[42:40] | Yeah. Actually, I volunteered. | 其实是我请缨去的 |
[42:44] | Did you really? | 你真的这样 |
[42:50] | Hey, look. If you’re serious about wanting a job, picking apples isn’t that boring. | 如果你很想找一份工作 摘苹果也不算太闷 |
[42:54] | Yeah? Oh, I would love that, Wally. | 是吗? 我倒很想做啊 |
[43:03] | – See you around, Homer. – Oh, yeah. | -再见 荷马 -噢 好的 |
[43:09] | Thank you, for everything. | 谢谢你所做的一切 |
[43:19] | Hi, Sam. | 嗨 山姆 |
[43:24] | Hi, Dad! | 嗨 爹 |
[43:51] | Come on. You’re gonna meet my mom. | 来 你来见见我妈妈 |
[43:57] | By the way, I’ve been at a wedding, all right? | 我有出席那个婚礼 |
[44:01] | If it comes up, that’s where I met you, at the wedding. | 我就是在那个婚礼见过你的 |
[44:13] | Wally? Wally, is that you? | 华利? 华利 是你吗? |
[44:15] | Mom, this is Homer Wells. | 妈 这位是井·荷马 |
[44:19] | – How do you do, Homer? – Oh, good. How do you do? | -你好吗 荷马? -好 您好 |
[44:22] | He’s the most overqualified apple picker you’ll ever meet, but he’s dying to learn. | 他是摘苹果工人中资历最超班的 但他非常想学 |
[44:26] | Really? Were you a friend of the groom’s, Homer? | 真的? 你是新郎的朋友吗? |
[44:29] | Homer’s a friend of the groom’s, the bride’s, everyone. Come on. | 他是新郎的朋友 也是新娘的 更加是所有人的朋友 |
[44:32] | In that case, maybe you’d like to stay to dinner, Homer? | 那你该留下来吃晚饭了 |
[44:36] | Another time, Mom. You gotta meet Mr. Rose. | 没时间啦 妈 来 你还得见见路士先生 |
[44:40] | You used up all the hot water! | 你把热水都用光了 |
[44:42] | You’re usin’ my soap, ain’t you? I ain’t usin’ no soap. | 你是在用我的肥皂吗? 我没有用肥皂呀 |
[44:56] | They’re migrants. | 他们都是移民 |
[44:58] | They pick the fruit. All kinds. | 他们摘苹果 |
[45:02] | They travel up and down the coast with the seasons. | 带一些合时的往返海岸做买卖 |
[45:05] | The trick to Mr. Rose is you have to let him be boss. | 你想跟路士先生相处得好 就要让他发号施令 |
[45:09] | Oh, excuse me. | 对不起 |
[45:11] | The sink’s backed up again, Wally. Not again. | 水槽又坏了 不是又一次 |
[45:14] | – Thought you said you was gonna get us a plumber. – Rose, this is Homer. | -我以为你说过去找个水喉匠来 -路丝 这位是荷马 |
[45:17] | – Homer, this is Mr. Rose’s daughter, Rose. – You a plumber? | -这位是路士先生的女儿路丝 -你是水喉匠吗? |
[45:21] | Homer’s the new picker. He’s gonna stay here with you. | 荷马是初来摘苹果的 他会留在这里跟你 |
[45:27] | – He’s stayin’ here? -Yeah. | -他留在这里? -是呀 |
[45:33] | This daughter of mine, she’s just Miss Hospitality, ain’t she, Wally? | 我这个女儿嘛 她真是非常好客的 是吗? |
[45:42] | New picker? You got lots of experience, I expect. | 摘苹果的新工人? 我倒怀疑你很有经验 |
[45:46] | Homer’s got no experience, Arthur, | 荷马并没有经验 |
[45:48] | but he’s smarter than I am and he’s a fast learner. | 但他比我聪明 他学得很快 |
[45:51] | Mr. Rose is gonna teach you the apple business. | 路士先生会教你有关苹果的业务 |
[45:53] | Well, I believe this is history. | 好吧 我相信这是历史 |
[45:57] | We’re makin’ history, Wally, ain’t we? | 我们是在缔造历史 是吗? |
[46:00] | We’re makin’ history havin’ this young man stay with us. | 有这位青年加入一定缔造历史了 |
[46:05] | Why don’t you show him around? | 你不如带他到处逛逛吧 |
[46:17] | Your name is Rose Rose? | 你的名字叫露丝 |
[46:19] | – Pretty, ain’t it? – Very. | -很美吧? -非常美哟 |
[46:21] | – You like to read? – I really can’t read that good. | -你喜欢阅读吗? -我真的识字不多 |
[46:33] | Homer, what does this say? Here. | 这一段怎样读呢? |
[46:44] | “I looked at the stars and considered… | 我眺望闪闪繁星 |
[46:47] | how awful it would be for a man to turn his face to them… | 不禁想到一个人冷得快要死时还得面对星群是多么可怕 |
[46:51] | and he froze to death and see no help or pity… | 他在闪闪星光中得不到援助 |
[46:55] | in all the glittering multitude.” | 也得不到垂怜 |
[46:57] | More. | 再多读些吧 |
[47:00] | Since you the one… | 既然只有你 |
[47:02] | who’s smart enough to read, | 聪明得会读书 |
[47:05] | what’s this here? | 这里说的是什么? |
[47:16] | – It’s a list of rules it seems. – Whose rules? | -好像是一系列规则 -谁要守的规例? |
[47:20] | I imagine they’re for us, I suppose. | 我猜是我们要守吧 |
[47:22] | Go on then. Read ’em, Homer. | 读吧 荷马 |
[47:27] | “One: Please don’t smoke in bed. | 第一条: 请勿在床上抽烟 |
[47:33] | It’s too late for that one. Keep reading, Homer. | 这一条订得太迟了 继续读下去吧 荷马 |
[47:36] | Two: Please don’t operate the grinder or press if you’ve been drinking.” | 第二条: 喝了酒后请勿操作磨机或扳机 |
[47:41] | You know, they ain’t our rules, Homer. | 那些都不是我们的规则啊 |
[47:43] | We didn’t write ’em. I don’t see no need to read ’em. | 我们没有这样写过 我看用不着读下去了 |
[47:48] | Okay. | 好的 |
[47:59] | Good night, you Princes of Maine, | 晚安 你们这些缅因州皇子 |
[48:02] | you Kings of New England. | 你们这些新英格兰皇帝 |
[48:29] | Hoo! Remember this. | 记住 |
[48:31] | In the morning when the grass is wet, you can make it slide. | 早上绿草尚湿时 会滑得很快 |
[48:38] | Feel it? Yeah. | 感觉到吗? |
[48:41] | It’s almost like flying. | 几乎像在飞翔一样 |
[48:45] | Watch out for the trees. | 小心那些树呀 |
[48:48] | Trees are flak, antiaircraft fire… | 树就好比高射炮 非常危险 |
[48:50] | from the geeks on the ground. | 还会把车毁掉 |
[49:05] | – Hey, Homer. – Hi. | -喂 荷马 -嗨 |
[49:07] | I was just showin’ Homer the orchard. | 我正在带荷马参观果园 |
[49:10] | Kind of a geography lesson. Really? | 好像上地理课似的 |
[49:13] | Yeah. What’s that? | 真的 这是什么? |
[49:17] | Looks like you are giving him flying lessons. | 看来你像教他飞行课程 |
[49:20] | Ah, he loved it. Didn’t you? | 他很喜欢嘛 你喜欢? |
[49:25] | Wally here thinks people like being whacked by branches. | 华利以为人是喜欢被树枝打的 |
[49:27] | – Oh, I liked it. – Really? | -噢 我喜欢哟 -真的? |
[49:32] | Yeah! | 是啊 |
[49:36] | You’re unbelievable. Well, thank you very much. | 你真是不可思议 谢谢你过奖 |
[50:00] | Hey! What’s wrong with you? | 喂 你有什么不妥啊了 |
[50:03] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[50:07] | That’s Vernon. You better stay away from him till he gets to know you better. | 那个是维朗 你未熟悉他前最好避开他 |
[50:11] | – Then you best stay away from him even more. – Homer. | -熟悉他后更加要避开他 -荷马 |
[50:16] | Lieutenant’s calling you. You better watch your ass, Homer. | 中尉叫你 你最好小心点 |
[50:19] | Hey, Wally. | 喂 华利 |
[50:21] | You gettin’ along okay? Yeah. | 你习惯下来了吗? |
[50:28] | – Guess what. – What? | -你猜一猜是什么事? -什么事啊? |
[50:30] | I’m shippin’ out today. | 我今天得乘船离开啦 |
[50:33] | It’s a little sooner than I expected, but… | 比我预期中早了些 |
[50:36] | I wanted to make sure that you’re settled and happy enough considering | 我要肯定你已安顿下来而且开心 |
[50:41] | Are you bored stiff or do you think you can stick it out a bit? | 你觉得闷吗? 你还可以做下去吗? |
[50:44] | Yeah, of course. I’m grateful for the job, Wally. | 当然可以啦 你给我这份工作 我很感谢你 |
[50:47] | I’m grateful too. | 我也很感激你 |
[50:48] | It gives me peace of mind knowin’ you’re here keepin’ an eye on things. | 知道有你在这里打点一切 我安心得多了 |
[50:50] | – Well, that’s good. – You about ready, Homer? | -那太好了 -你准备好了吗? |
[50:53] | Yeah. | 行啦 |
[50:55] | – Uh, look, Wally, thanks. I’m lucky I met you. – I’m the lucky one. | -谢谢 我能认识你 实在很幸运 -幸运的是我 |
[51:00] | – No, really, I’m lucky. – Do you wanna fight about it? | -不 说真的 是我很幸运 -争着说幸运是想跟我争执吗? |
[51:03] | Kidding. | 我说笑而已 |
[51:07] | Take care of yourself. | 你要保重啊 |
[51:09] | Bye. | 再见 |
[51:12] | Okay, Mr. Rose. | 行啦 路士先生 |
[51:42] | Turn. That’s right. Turn and pull. | 对了 一扭一拉 做得好 |
[51:45] | Turn and pull. Just like that. Good. Good. | 一扭一拉 就是那样 好的 好的 |
[51:49] | Okay, that’s good. Right now you’re pickin’ mostly cider apples. | 你摘的大多数是榨汁的苹果 |
[51:52] | All these drops here, they good only for cider. | 这些只适宜用来榨苹果汁 |
[51:55] | And you’re picking apples with the stem only half the time. | 你摘的苹果 茎部只有半熟 |
[51:58] | Golden rule, Homer. You wanna pick the apple with the stem. | 教你一些绝招吧 荷马 你要摘有茎的苹果 |
[52:01] | Now, see that there? The spur right above the stem? | 见到那边的吗? 小枝就在茎部上? |
[52:05] | That’s the bud for next year’s apple. | 那是明年摘的苹果的叶芽 |
[52:07] | That’s called the “spur.” | 叫做小枝 |
[52:08] | Pick the spur, you’re pickin’ two years in one. | 摘错了小枝 就会影响明年收成 |
[52:11] | You’re pickin’ next year’s apple before it have a chance to grow. | 即是摘了未有机会生长的苹果 明年就没有好的苹果可摘了 |
[52:13] | So you wanna leave that. | 所以你要把小枝留在树枝上 |
[52:15] | – Okay. – All right, let me see you work. | -清楚了 -好 让我看着你做吧 |
[52:19] | Yeah. That’s good. | 做得好 |
[52:24] | Yeah, that’s much better. That’s better. | 这次做得更好 |
[52:26] | I can see you got yourself some education. | 你倒像个受过教育的人 |
[52:29] | Them good hands you got. | 你的手倒很不错 |
[52:32] | Them hands you got, they know what they’re doin’. Ain’t that right? | 你的手倒很会干活 是吗 |
[52:35] | – I guess so. – All right. | -我想是吧 -好哇 |
[52:39] | You keep on workin’, Homer. I’ll be right back. | 你继续做吧 我很快就回来 |
[52:43] | Wilbur? Wilbur? | 黎治? 黎治? |
[52:47] | Wilbur? You should read this. | 你该读读这封信 |
[52:50] | It’s from the board. Another letter. | 是董事局寄来的另一封了 |
[52:53] | “Merely suggesting that some new blood might benefit you all. | 只是提议说找一些新血会对大家全都有好处 |
[52:58] | Someone with new ideas in the obstetrical and pediatric fields.” | 找个对产科儿科都有新意念的人 |
[53:01] | I think they’re just testing some ideas for our next meeting. | 我想他们是想在下一个会议中试试一些新的意念 |
[53:05] | Dr. Holtz seems nice. I think he only wants to help. | 何兹医生看来人品很好 我认为他只是想帮个忙而已 |
[53:09] | He’s a goddamn psychiatrist! Of course he wants to help. | 他是个天杀的心理学家 他当然想帮个忙 |
[53:14] | He’d be happy to help to commit me. | 他想帮忙把我监禁才会开心 |
[53:16] | It’s this Mrs. Goodhall you have to be careful of, Wilbur. | 你要当心的倒是高贺太太 |
[53:19] | We have to be more than careful of Mrs. Goodhall. | 我们都要特别当心高贺太太 |
[53:22] | She has enough Christian zeal to start her own country. | 她对基督教的热忱足以想另创新国土 |
[53:27] | I’d like to give her a little ether. | 我真想给她吃一些乙醚 |
[53:30] | – So, what are you going to do? – Take this. | -那你打算怎么办? -拿着 |
[53:36] | Homer Wells, born Portland, Maine, March 2, 1915. | 井·荷马 生于缅因州波特兰 日期一九一五年三月二日 |
[53:41] | But Homer was born here. | 但荷马是在这个地方出生的 |
[53:43] | In what was it? 1922? | 好像是在一九二二年 |
[53:46] | Graduated Bowdoin College, 1935. | 一九三五年毕业于博文书院 |
[53:50] | Harvard School of Medicine, 1939. | 然后在哈佛医学院毕业是一九三九年 |
[53:53] | That’s you, Wilbur. You went there. An internship, | 这些全是你的资历呀 做过实习医生 |
[53:56] | and two years of training at the Boston Lying-In, South End Branch, | 在波士顿南部分院受训两年 |
[54:01] | he was judged an accomplished gynecological… | 被评为出色的妇科 |
[54:04] | – and obstetrical surgeon… – That’s not him. | -产科医生 -那不是他嘛 |
[54:07] | with experience in pediatric care. | 儿科方面经验丰富 |
[54:09] | Wilbur, you’re making this up. | 你在生安白造 |
[54:11] | Angela, the board is going to replace me. | 董事局快要把我置换了 |
[54:16] | That is what the new blood is for. | 新血该是这样子嘛 |
[54:19] | You mean they’re going to replace you with someone who doesn’t perform abortions. | 他们会找个不肯做堕胎手术的人来替代你吗? |
[54:23] | Well, we can only guess at that. They are against the law. | 我们只能揣测他们是违法的 |
[54:26] | These credentials are against the law. | 这些假资历也违法 |
[54:29] | We all know I trained Homer, so his credentials are as good as mine. | 大家都知道我训练出荷马 所以他的资历该跟我的一样嘛 |
[54:34] | And don’t be holy to me about the law. | 别向我夸耀法律是神圣的了 |
[54:37] | What has the law ever done for anyone here? | 法律为这里的人做过什么? |
[54:40] | So, what do you think about my candidate? | 你认为我这个继任人怎么样? |
[54:44] | What about school records? Homer doesn’t have any diplomas. | 学校成绩呢? 荷马并没有文凭 |
[54:50] | Come here, Edna, please. Come here. | 请过来 |
[55:00] | He will have them. | 他会有的 |
[55:03] | Wilbur! | 黎治 |
[55:05] | I don’t know | 我不知道… |
[55:11] | All of these on there, okay. | 这些都放在那边 |
[55:13] | – Gotta pack ’em tight now, y’all. – I got it. | -你们要紧密封好 -知道了 |
[55:15] | What do you think we do? | 你觉得我们怎么办? |
[55:17] | – All aboard, Mrs. Worthington. – Thank you, Arthur. | -全都安装好了 -谢谢你 |
[55:21] | How’s this crew this year? Got any rotten apples? | 今年这班劳工怎样? 有烂苹果吗? |
[55:24] | It’s a good crew, ma’am. Hey, Rose Rose. | 这班工人很不错 |
[55:26] | You tryin’ to break my finger? Damn! Just an accident. | 你们快弄断我的手指了 天杀的 |
[55:29] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[55:32] | Well, maybe we got one bad apple, but it’s nothing we can’t handle. | 也许会有个坏的苹果 但我们可以应付得了 |
[55:37] | I see. | 我明白啦 |
[55:38] | How’s young Homer working out? | 那个年纪轻轻的荷马怎么样? |
[55:41] | – Good. He’s a smart young man. – Hey, Homer. | -很好 他很聪明 -喂 荷马 |
[55:43] | Wally was right about him. Real hard worker. Good. | 华利没看错他 他真的很勤劳 |
[55:46] | Mornin’, Miss Worthington. | 早安 王太 |
[55:49] | Why don’t you come up and visit me at the house? | 你到我家里来看我吧 |
[55:51] | I know I’ve got clothes that will fit you. | 我有些适合你穿的衣服 |
[55:53] | Okay. I’m sure I can find a ton of things to fit you. | 我可以找到很多适合你的东西 |
[55:56] | Rose don’t really need any more pickin’ clothes, ma’am. | 露丝不再需要摘苹果穿的衣服了 |
[56:00] | Uh-huh. Now don’t be a party-pooper, Arthur. | 别扫兴嘛 |
[56:03] | I have a beautiful blouse | 我有件很漂亮的衬衫 |
[56:06] | Hey, Rose Rose. Homer. | 嘿 露丝 |
[56:11] | How you feelin’? | 你觉得怎样? |
[56:14] | When I’m not thinking of Wally, I’m fine. | 不想念着华利时就没什么了 |
[56:17] | I’m not really good at being alone. | 我还是不惯单独一个人 |
[56:26] | Feeling much better. Thanks. | 感到好得多了 谢谢 |
[56:31] | Hey, listen. | 喂 听我讲 |
[56:33] | Maybe if you’re free, you’d like to come and have dinner at my dad’s place? | 你有空可以来我爹家里吃晚饭 |
[56:40] | – Okay. – You haven’t seen a lobster yet, have you? | -好哇 -你还未见过龙虾吧? |
[56:45] | – No. – Oh, good. | -没见过 -噢 好的 |
[57:03] | You’re hungry, right? | 你饿了吧? |
[57:21] | – What is that? – It’s a drive-in movie theatre. | -这个是什么地方? -叫汽车戏院 |
[57:25] | – It’s a movie outside? – Yeah. | -有电影看的? -是啊 |
[57:27] | – Oh, can we see it? – Okay. | -我们可以看戏吗? -可以 |
[57:38] | It’s closed now because of the blackouts. | 因为停电 所以不开了 |
[57:43] | It’s so big. | 好大哟 |
[57:46] | You smoke? You want a cigarette? | 抽烟吗? 要一根香烟吧 |
[57:48] | Okay. | 好哇 |
[57:54] | Wally would kill me if he saw me doin’ this. | 华利若见到我抽烟一定会宰了我 |
[58:06] | – There you go. – Thanks. | -你抽吧 -谢谢 |
[58:11] | So, you like movies? | 你喜欢看电影? |
[58:13] | Yes. Seen only one, though. | 喜欢 但一生只看过一套 |
[58:19] | You’ve seen only one? Which one? | 你看过一套? 哪一套? |
[58:22] | Uh,King Kong. It’s really good. | 嗯 片名叫”金刚” 很好看 |
[58:44] | Wilbur, it’s a pie apple. Here, look. See? Try one of those. | 是苹果派 来 看看 试一个吧 |
[58:48] | So he’s an apple expert now, is he? | 他现在是苹果专家了吧? |
[58:54] | Oh, my, yes. That’s a far superior taste. | 老天 可真美味 |
[58:58] | And crisp too. | 也很爽滑 |
[59:00] | So many apples are disappointingly mealy. | 大多数苹果一放进口里就很难吃 |
[59:03] | Wilbur, he picked these for us himself. | 是他诚意替我们摘的 |
[59:06] | You don’t find it depressing that Homer Wells is picking apples? | 荷马去摘苹果 你不感到失望吗 |
[59:12] | Or that he can’t be bothered to write us a proper letter? | 他忙得连写封像样的信也不行啦? |
[59:14] | Wilbur, it’s a gift. | 这是礼物哟 |
[59:17] | I’ll show him a gift. | 我会给他一份礼物 |
[59:20] | I’ll send him a gift he can use. | 送他一件可以用的礼物 |
[59:26] | There goes Jimmy Stewart on his way to enlist. | 战士史超域踏上征兵的路途 |
[59:29] | One of the most popular stars on the screen. | 他是银幕上最受欢迎明星之一 |
[59:32] | Today he’s Lieutenant Stewart, U.S.A. | 今天他是美国的史超域中尉了 |
[59:42] | Crossing the equator, there’s a lighter side, as novices are introduced… | 过了赤道 那一边比较光 新人被介绍到 |
[59:45] | to the traditional realm of King Neptune. | 传统的海神尼普顿皇帝的领域 |
[59:49] | Boxing matches, helping relieve the monotony of long, weary days at sea. | 拳赛舒缓了海上沉闷漫长的日子 |
[1:00:15] | Well, it looked like you liked it. | 你好像看得津津有味 |
[1:00:17] | I did like it. All I said was, it’s noKing Kong. | 我的确喜欢看 我只能说的是 片里没有大猩猩金刚 |
[1:00:21] | I mean, first she loved him, then she didn’t. Then no one else could have him. | 我是说她起初爱它 后来又不爱 以后就没有人要它了 |
[1:00:25] | No, but she did love him. How many women have you known? | 可是她的确爱它嘛 你认识过多少女人? |
[1:00:31] | And what did she die of exactly? | 她究竟是怎样死掉的 |
[1:00:35] | She was torn apart. She died of a broken heart. | 她肝肠寸断 因心碎而死 |
[1:00:39] | Oh. Well, I just | 这个嘛 我… |
[1:00:43] | I need a better medical explanation. | 我需要比较合理的医学解释 |
[1:00:47] | Torn apart. At least King Kong, he knew what he wanted. | 肝肠寸断 金刚至少知道自己想要什么 |
[1:00:55] | Hey, what you doin’ with that Candy, Homer? | 你跟甘蒂在搞什么? |
[1:00:58] | Makin’ history, I suppose. | 我猜是想缔造历史了 |
[1:01:02] | – You ain’t gettin’ in no trouble, I hope. – No trouble. | -希望你不要自寻烦恼 -没有烦恼 |
[1:01:06] | That Candy, she’s the nicest girl I know. | 那位甘蒂是我所见最好的姑娘 |
[1:01:11] | She’s about the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen, | 她是我所见过最美丽的姑娘 |
[1:01:14] | but I don’t know if she’s the nicest. | 但是不是最好我倒不清楚了 |
[1:01:16] | She’s the nicest and most beautiful girl I’ve ever known. | 她是最美好也是最美丽的 |
[1:01:20] | See, that sounds like you in trouble already, Homer. | 看来你已烦恼重重了 |
[1:01:22] | Sounds like big trouble to me, Homer. | 听来更像烦恼惹起了很大的麻烦 |
[1:01:27] | – I’m not in trouble. – Yeah, you is. | -我没有烦恼也没有麻烦 -你有啊 |
[1:01:30] | I know when people are in trouble. | 有烦恼的人我是看得出的 |
[1:01:33] | You is. His name is Homer Wells, | 你有哇 他名叫井·荷马 |
[1:01:37] | and his pathetic resume is the best I’ve seen. | 他的履历是我所见过最好的 |
[1:01:41] | I find it hard to believe that the board would be interested in this character. | 奇怪的是董事局对这个人有兴趣 |
[1:01:45] | But he looks like an excellent young man. | 他看起来像个非常优秀的年轻人 |
[1:01:47] | A first-rate candidate. Don’t you think? | 是个第一流的候选人 你认为是吗? |
[1:01:50] | He looks like a bleeding heart missionary moron to me. | 我倒觉得他是个心灵破碎的笨蛋 |
[1:01:53] | But that would be the problem with any doctor interested in coming here. | 但有兴趣来这里的医生都是这样 |
[1:01:56] | – Do you know him? – No, and I don’t want to. | -你认识他吗? -不 我不想 |
[1:01:59] | He’s doing missionary work in India. | 他目前在印度传教 |
[1:02:01] | I wrote to him weeks ago, but either he’s too holy or too busy to answer. | 几个星期前我写过信给他 他不是忙于传教就是懒于回复 |
[1:02:06] | Tomboy! | 假小子 |
[1:02:11] | Sorry. Okay. Come on. | 对不起 好 来吧 |
[1:02:16] | I fail to see how someone courageous enough… | 一个勇于在异域传教的人 |
[1:02:19] | to make a commitment to a foreign mission is automatically to be dismissed. | 不应在这里受到忽视 |
[1:02:23] | That part of the world requires precisely the kind of dedication | 他在那种地方可以全情投入 |
[1:02:26] | that is needed here. | 在这里也可以吧 |
[1:02:28] | Does it snow in Bombay? | 孟买那边有下雪吗? |
[1:02:30] | One winter here and we’ll be shipping him south in a coffin! | 这里下雪时 |
[1:02:34] | But Dr. Larch, he seems exceptionally qualified. | 黎治医生 他看来非常合乎资格了 |
[1:02:36] | I’m not talking about his medical qualifications. | 我不是说他在医学方面的资历 |
[1:02:39] | It’s the Christian thing that bothers me. | 教我困扰的是他信奉基督 |
[1:02:41] | I just don’t see it as being much use around here. | 信基督教在这一带没多大用 |
[1:02:44] | I fail to see how a little Christianity could hurt anyone here. | 我倒看不出基督徒会伤害人 |
[1:02:50] | Anyway, I was just showing you this guy as an example… | 好啦 我只是让你们看看一个 |
[1:02:53] | of what’s available. | 合资格的例子而已 |
[1:02:55] | I didn’t think you’d be interested. We’re very interested. | 我还以为你们会不感兴趣 我们很感兴趣 |
[1:03:00] | – Oh, yes, very. – You wouldn’t be opposed to meeting with him? | -对 是很感兴趣 -你不会反对见见他吧? |
[1:03:05] | Well, it wouldn’t hurt to meet him. | 见见他也无伤大雅 |
[1:03:09] | – What’s his name again? – Dr. Homer Wells. | -再说一遍他的名字好吗? -井·荷马医生 |
[1:03:12] | – It’s a nice name. Very New England. – Very Maine. | -好名字 很有新英格兰的风范 -很有缅因州的风范 |
[1:03:16] | A very local sounding name. | 很本地化 |
[1:03:18] | Very. | 很有嘛 |
[1:03:25] | I told you. If I appear to want it, | 我告诉过你 我摆出渴求的姿态 |
[1:03:28] | they don’t want it. | 他们不想 |
[1:03:30] | If I appear to hate it, they just gotta have it. | 我就装作讨厌 他们只好听从我的推荐 |
[1:03:35] | – Excuse me. I just wanna ask you something. – Edna, come dance with me. | -我有件事想问问你 -来跟我跳舞吧 |
[1:03:39] | Let’s be foolish tonight. Come on. | 我们今晚傻呼呼地过一夜 |
[1:03:41] | Does he know he’s supposed to be in India? Does he even want to come back? | 他知道我们说他在印度吗? 他会不会想回来? |
[1:03:46] | He’s a field hand! | 他只是个在田野劳动的人 |
[1:03:50] | What could possibly hold him there? | 他何以会乐不思蜀呢? |
[1:03:56] | Homer! It’s time to go! | 荷马 是时候走了 |
[1:03:59] | – Oh, I gotta go. – Okay. | -我得走啦 -好吧 |
[1:04:03] | Right now, we’re usin’ them early Macs and Gravensteins. | 我们现在用黄色红纹大苹果 |
[1:04:08] | Cider is way too watery, man. We ain’t gonna get no good cider… | 苹果汁真是水汪汪 |
[1:04:12] | till we start pickin’ them Golden Delicious and Winter Bananas… | 我们要等冬天摘到香蕉后才会有好的苹果汁 |
[1:04:16] | and Russets and Baldwins, you know. | 才会有黄褐色的美国北部苹果 你明白的 |
[1:04:31] | What about worms? Don’t the drops have worms? | 药剂液不会有虫吗? |
[1:04:34] | Well, yeah, they got worms, Homer. That ain’t nothin’ but protein, man. | 是会有虫 但也只不过是蛋白质之类而已 |
[1:04:41] | Jack? | 杰克 |
[1:04:44] | What the hell is you doin’, man? | 你搞什么鬼? |
[1:04:47] | Don’t you know that cigarette’s gonna ruin this whole batch of cider? | 你不知香烟会把苹果汁都毁了吗 |
[1:04:49] | I can’t have that. | 你该知道我不容许这做的 |
[1:04:51] | You gonna have to get that out of there. You’re gonna have to go fishin’, boy. | 你要拿出来 你要去钓鱼啦 |
[1:04:55] | – You mean swimmin’? – Swimmin’ or fishin’. | -你是说去游泳 -钓鱼又好 游泳又好啦 |
[1:04:57] | I ain’t goin’ in that vat to fish out no cigarette. | 我才不会下去把香烟钓出来 |
[1:05:03] | Now, Jack | 杰克 |
[1:05:06] | Come on down here, man. | 快下去啊 |
[1:05:26] | What business are you in, Jack? | 你干哪一行的? |
[1:05:31] | Just tell me what business you’re in. | 告诉我你是干什么活的? |
[1:05:33] | Just say you’re in the apple business | 就说是苹果业吧 |
[1:05:35] | ’cause that’s the only business you wanna be in. | 因为这是你唯一想做的行业 |
[1:05:44] | Hey, Jack! Listen, Jack! | 杰克 听着 |
[1:05:45] | You don’t wanna go in the knife business with Mr. Rose, man. | 你不能对路士先生说做小刀行业 |
[1:05:48] | – What you wanna do? – Just tell him you’re in the apple business! | -你想怎么样? -快些说你做苹果行业吧 |
[1:05:51] | – What you wanna do? What you want, man? – Jack! | -你想怎么样? -杰克 |
[1:05:54] | – Tell him you in the apple business, boy! – It ain’t worth it. | -告诉他你是做苹果行业吧 -住口 |
[1:05:57] | Shut up, Peaches! What you want? | 停手 你想要干什么? |
[1:06:07] | Now, I’m in the knife business, Jack. | 现在做小刀行业的是我 |
[1:06:10] | I’m in the knife business! | 我才有资格做小刀行业 |
[1:06:13] | Let me tell ya, you don’t wanna be in no kind of knife business with me. | 我告诉你你不配跟我做小刀行业 |
[1:06:17] | Now I think it’s time for you to go fishin’. | 你该去钓钓香烟了 |
[1:06:24] | He kind of fast, ain’t he, Jack? | 他身手敏捷 是吗? |
[1:06:26] | Well, the good news is, you’re already half undressed for swimmin’. | 好在你衣服破了 适宜游泳啦 |
[1:06:33] | Shoot, that Jack too slow to get me. | 那个杰克跟我比 太慢了 |
[1:06:36] | I was so fast I cut my own self. | 我身手太敏捷 连自己也弄伤了 |
[1:06:38] | You really showed him, huh? | 你真的露了一手给他看啦? |
[1:06:40] | You just about cut your hand off. | 你几乎把自己的手也割掉了 |
[1:06:43] | And all you cut off him was his clothes. | 你只不过割破他的衣服而已 |
[1:06:45] | Now you know and I know | 这件事你知我知好了… |
[1:06:48] | you don’t go to nobody’s jail for cuttin’ a guy’s clothes off. | 反正割破人家的衣服又不用坐牢 |
[1:06:51] | Ain’t that right? Rose Rose, ain’t that right? | 是吗? 露丝 是吗? |
[1:06:54] | Oooh. Ain’t that right, Homer? | 说得对吗? 荷马 |
[1:06:56] | Easy, easy. Okay. Jus | 别那么用力 好了 |
[1:07:00] | Aaah! God | 哎哟 |
[1:07:05] | Not too much gas. There you go. | 不用太大力踩油门 行啦 |
[1:07:07] | You wanna go right in here. Okay, okay, okay! | 你想开进去嘛 行嘛 |
[1:07:09] | Slow on the gas. You really have to be gentle. | 慢一点 你真的需要很绅士 |
[1:07:14] | That’s the one. That’s the one. | 是这一间了 是这一间了 |
[1:07:16] | We wanna stay right there. Got it? | 我们就停在那边吧 明白了吗? |
[1:07:20] | Slowly, slowly, slowly. Okay, okay, okay! | 慢点 |
[1:07:24] | You’re a natural. You were born to drive a car like this. | 你真是天生的料子 生下来就像会开这种车 |
[1:07:28] | – You think so? – Yeah. So this is a speaker. | -你认为是天生的吗? -是啊 这就是扬声器 |
[1:07:32] | This is where the sound for the movie comes out. | 电影的音响就是从这东西发出的 |
[1:07:34] | Oh. I love this place. | 我很喜欢这个地方 |
[1:07:37] | This is, uh Have you seen a lot of movies here? | 你在这里看过很多电影吗? |
[1:07:40] | Yes and no. | 可以说是 也可以说不是 |
[1:07:43] | When you come here, you don’t really care about the movie. | 来到这里谁还会专心看电影呢 |
[1:07:47] | You don’t care about the movie? | 你没有专心看电影? |
[1:07:49] | What are you so crazy about movies for? | 你干嘛对电影那么狂热? |
[1:07:53] | Ah. That was my favorite night at the orphanage. Movie night. | “电影之夜”是我在孤儿院最开心的晚上 |
[1:07:57] | We’d all… We’d all race into the dining hall, | 我们都会比快跑到饭堂 |
[1:08:02] | and, of course, everyone wanted to sit in front. | 谁都想坐在前面 |
[1:08:05] | So we’d be packed in so tight you could feel the kid next to you breathing. | 我们都靠拢在一起 互相紧贴 连身边孩子的呼吸都感受到 |
[1:08:14] | You don’t miss it? | 你没有什么怀念吗? |
[1:08:17] | I miss things. I miss people. | 我怀念那里的人人物物 |
[1:08:21] | I miss reading to the boys. | 我怀念给孩子们说故事 |
[1:08:26] | You had so much responsibility, huh? | 你有很多责任在身 是吗? |
[1:08:29] | I didn’t ask for any responsibility. | 我从不冀求有什么责任 |
[1:08:35] | Just a little privacy. | 只想有点私隐 |
[1:08:38] | Well, you’re in luck. Let me show you. | 那你倒很幸运 我让你明白吧 |
[1:08:41] | Because privacy is what drive-in movies are all about. | 因为汽车戏院有的就是私隐 |
[1:08:44] | So, scrunch down like this. | 这样子吧 |
[1:08:47] | Come on. Scrunch down. | 来 蜷缩下去吧 |
[1:08:50] | All the way. | 一直这样 |
[1:08:55] | And then give me your arm. | 然后把你的手臂给我 |
[1:08:58] | Put your arm around me. | 用手臂揽抱我吧 |
[1:09:03] | You just cuddle and hug and, you know. | 你搂抱着我 |
[1:09:07] | You don’t really watch the movie. | 你就不会真的留心看电影了 |
[1:09:10] | I would watch the movie. | 我还是想看电影 |
[1:09:45] | Sorry, Fuzzy. It’s Homer’s splice again. | 对不起 费兹 又是荷马贴得不好 |
[1:09:58] | Fuzzy? | 费兹? |
[1:10:10] | Fuzz? | 费兹? |
[1:10:16] | If the little ones want to know what happened, | 大家如果问起发生什么事 |
[1:10:18] | tell them that Fuzzy was adopted. | 对他们说费兹被人领养了吧 |
[1:10:25] | – Okay. -So, what happened to Fuzzy? | -好的 -费兹怎么啦? |
[1:10:30] | – He was adopted. – Good. | -他被领养了 -答得好 |
[1:10:41] | – Will they believe that, you think? – They’ll believe it… | -你认为他们会相信吗? -他们会相信的 |
[1:10:44] | because they want to believe it. | 因为他们都希望结果是这样 |
[1:10:50] | – Shouldn’t we tell Homer? – If Homer wanted to know what was happening here, | -应不应该告诉荷马? -如果荷马想知这里发生的事 |
[1:10:54] | he could pick up the telephone and call us. | 大可拿起电话打给我们 |
[1:10:58] | I think it was a nurse or a nanny who, uh, who adopted Fuzzy. | 我想会是护士或保姆领养了费兹 |
[1:11:03] | Someone who could take care of him. | 她们才懂得照顾他嘛 |
[1:11:06] | Because they had a better breathing machine… | 因为她们拥有的呼吸器 |
[1:11:10] | than the one that Dr. Larch built for him. | 比黎治医生造给费兹的更先进 |
[1:11:12] | So I think we should be happy for Fuzzy, okay? | 我想我们该替费兹开心吧? |
[1:11:18] | He found a family. Good night, Fuzzy. | 他找到一个家庭了 再会 费兹 |
[1:11:24] | Good night, Fuzzy. | 再会 费兹 |
[1:11:34] | Homer. Morning, everybody. | 荷马 各位早安 |
[1:11:37] | Mornin’, Miss Olive. | 早安 |
[1:11:39] | – Look. There’s mail for you, Homer. – Oh, thank you. | -荷马 有你的信啊 -谢谢你 |
[1:11:41] | Rose, I brought those clothes for you. Come on. Let’s go see if they fit. | 我替你拿了衣服来 看看合不合穿 |
[1:11:48] | What’s that? | 是什么? |
[1:11:54] | – Oh, ain’t you gonna open it, Homer? – No. | -你不打算拆开吗? -不… |
[1:11:58] | Mind your business, now, Peaches. | 少管闲事吧 |
[1:12:00] | – Sorry ’bout that, Homer. – It’s okay. | -荷马 对不起 -没关系 |
[1:12:34] | Okay, okay, okay. Oh, look. Right here. | 没事啦 没事啦 |
[1:12:44] | It’s glass. Look at that. | 是玻璃 看一看 |
[1:12:47] | Isn’t that beautiful? | 很美吧? |
[1:12:53] | Give me your hand. Feel that. | 把手给我 感受一下 |
[1:12:59] | – Feel that? – Mm-hmm. | -感觉到吗? -嗯… |
[1:13:03] | The ocean rubs it against the sand. | 它躺在沙上给海水磨擦 |
[1:13:05] | That’s how it gets that smooth. | 所以才这么光滑 |
[1:13:10] | Takes a year for it to get like that, though. | 至少经过一年才变成这样子 |
[1:13:22] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[1:13:30] | Ah! You’re too fast! | 你跑得真快 |
[1:15:00] | He volunteered. | 是他自愿从军的 |
[1:15:02] | Jesus. Nobody volunteers for the Burma run. He said so himself. | 老天 没有人替为缅甸村请缨从军的 他也曾这样说 |
[1:15:07] | He just leaves me here. What does he want? He wants me to wait for him? | 他把我留在这里 他究竟想怎样? 想我等他? |
[1:15:12] | Oh, God, he knows me. | 老天 他很了解我的 |
[1:15:16] | He knows I’m not good at being alone. | 我并不擅于独居 |
[1:15:23] | This was right. I know this was right. | 我知道这样做是对的 |
[1:15:27] | You’re right. This was right. Yeah. | 你说得不错 这样做是对的 |
[1:15:32] | Just tell me. Do you want me to stay? Do you want me to go? | 告诉我 你想我留下来抑或离开? |
[1:15:37] | I don’t know. I really don’t know. | 我不知道 我真的不知道 |
[1:15:40] | I just… | 我只是 |
[1:15:43] | think we should just wait and see. | 想让我们顺其自然吧 |
[1:15:47] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:15:55] | – Are we all set? – Yeah, that’s it. | -都准备好了吧? -对 |
[1:16:00] | Goodbye, Arthur. Thank you again for all your hard work. | 再见 再三感谢你那么辛勤工作 |
[1:16:03] | – My pleasure, ma’am. – Have a safe trip, Rose. God bless. | -别客气 -祝你旅途安好 |
[1:16:06] | – Take care now. – Homer, you take care of yourself. | -代我问候甘蒂 -荷马 保重 |
[1:16:08] | – Okay. You too. – Okay. We’ll see you next year. | -好 你也要保重啊 -明年再见吧 |
[1:16:10] | – Homer, see you later. – Bye, everyone. Bye. | -荷马 再见 -大家再见 再见 |
[1:16:12] | – Don’t freeze to death, Homer. – Don’t get yourself in no trouble, Homer. | -荷马 可不要冷死哟 -别自寻烦恼惹上麻烦 |
[1:16:16] | – Go on and freeze to death if you want to, Homer. – Shut up, Jack. | -你想冷死就冷死自己吧 -住口 杰克 |
[1:16:24] | Take care of yourself, Homer. | 照顾好你自己 荷马 |
[1:16:46] | So you’re staying. | 你留下来? |
[1:16:51] | Olive told me. | 是小奥告诉我的 |
[1:16:55] | You know, you could have told me yourself. | 其实你大可亲自对我说嘛 |
[1:16:59] | I’m just waiting and seeing, like you said. | 正如你所说 我也是顺其自然 |
[1:17:32] | Dear Dr. Larch, Thank you for your doctor’s bag, | 敬爱的黎治医生 感谢你寄来的医师药袋 |
[1:17:36] | although it seems that I will not have the occasion to use it, | 看来我倒没机会用了 |
[1:17:39] | barring some emergency, of course. | 除非有突发的意外事情发生 |
[1:17:42] | I’m not a doctor. | 我并不是医生嘛 |
[1:17:45] | With all due respect to your profession, I’m enjoying my life here. | 对你的专业操守我深深敬重 在这里我也活得很开心 |
[1:17:49] | I’m enjoying being a lobsterman and an orchardman. | 捉龙虾摘苹果这些工作教我向往 |
[1:17:52] | In fact, I’ve never enjoyed myself as much. | 坦白说我从未试过这么愉快 |
[1:17:56] | The truth is, I want to stay here. I believe I’m being of some use. | 事实上我很想留在这里 我相信我是有用的 |
[1:18:15] | I’ve looked at so many women, | 我已经见过这么多女人 |
[1:18:18] | and I’ve never | 而我从来 |
[1:18:22] | I’ve never felt a thing, you know. | 我从来都无动于衷 |
[1:18:24] | I mean, I’ve seen everything. | 我是说我什么都见过啦 |
[1:18:27] | Just felt nothing. | 什么感觉都没有了 |
[1:18:31] | With you, it, uh | 跟你一起却… |
[1:18:38] | To look at you, it hurts. | 凝望你一眼也会感到苦痛 |
[1:18:43] | Come here. | 过来吧 |
[1:18:57] | My dear Homer: | 亲爱的荷马: |
[1:18:59] | I thought you were over your adolescence | 我以为你已经过了青春期 |
[1:19:02] | the first time in our lives when we imagine we have… | 在我们生命中的第一次试想想要向爱护我们的人 |
[1:19:04] | something terrible to hide from those who love us. | 隐藏一些难以启齿的事会多可怕 |
[1:19:11] | – Homer? – Do you think it’s not obvious to us what’s happened to you? | -荷马 -你以为我们猜不到你出了什么事? |
[1:19:15] | You’ve fallen in love, haven’t you? | 其实你堕入爱河了 猜得对吗? |
[1:19:19] | By the way, whatever you’re up to can’t be too good for your heart. | 你胸怀态态爱火对你的心脏是有影响的 |
[1:19:24] | Then again, it’s the sort of condition | 如果你忧心忡忡 |
[1:19:26] | that could be made worse by worrying about it, | 情况就会更糟 |
[1:19:28] | so don’t worry about it. | 所以你千万不要担忧 |
[1:19:33] | Dear Dr. Larch: | 亲爱的黎治医生 |
[1:19:36] | What I’m learning here may not be as important as what I learned from you, | 我在这里所学的一切可能比不上我跟你所学到的 |
[1:19:40] | but everything is new to me. | 但这里的一切事物都有新鲜感 |
[1:19:42] | Yesterday, I learned how to poison mice. | 昨天我学会了怎样把老鼠毒死 |
[1:19:45] | Field mice girdle an apple tree; pine mice kill the roots. | 田间的老鼠会把苹果树的皮剥了 松树间的老鼠会把树根咬断 |
[1:19:49] | You use poison oats and poison corn. | 我们在燕麦和玉片中下了毒 |
[1:19:54] | I know what you have to do. You have to play God. | 我知道你要干什么 你得扮演上帝 |
[1:19:58] | Well, killing mice is as close as I want to come to playing God. | 杀老鼠对我来说也像扮上帝了 |
[1:20:03] | Homer, here in St. Cloud’s, | 荷马 在圣云诗这个地方 |
[1:20:05] | I have been given the opportunity of playing God… | 我有机会扮演上帝 |
[1:20:08] | or leaving practically everything up to chance. | 或者一切随缘 |
[1:20:12] | Men and women of conscience should seize those moments… | 有可能扮演上帝的时候 |
[1:20:14] | when it’s possible to play God. | 有良知的男女都应该掌握时机 |
[1:20:17] | There won’t be many. | 因为机会毕竟不多 |
[1:20:19] | Do I interfere when absolutely helpless women… | 当无助的妇女对我说不能再堕胎 |
[1:20:21] | tell me they simply can’t have an abortion | 只好听天由命 |
[1:20:24] | that they simply must go through with having another and yet another orphan? | 多制造一个孤儿 |
[1:20:28] | I do not. I do not even recommend. | 我也感到无奈 其实我是不赞成这样做的 |
[1:20:32] | I just give them what they want. | 只好顺从她们的意愿 |
[1:20:42] | You are my work of art, Homer. | 你是我造出来的活生生的艺术品 |
[1:20:45] | Everything else has been just a job. | 其他的一切我都只视为一种工作 |
[1:20:48] | I don’t know if you’ve got a work of art in you, | 你有制造出活生生的艺术品吗? |
[1:20:51] | but I know what your job is: you’re a doctor. | 但我倒知道你的工作是什么 你始终是一位医生 |
[1:20:55] | I’m not a doctor. | 我并不是医生 |
[1:20:57] | You’re going to replace me. | 他们要把我调走了 |
[1:21:00] | The board of trustees is looking for my replacement. | 董事局正物色高手取代我 |
[1:21:02] | I can’t replace you. I’m sorry. | 我不能取代你 我很遗憾 |
[1:21:04] | “Sorry”? I’m not sorry. | 遗憾? 我倒不会遗憾 |
[1:21:08] | Not for anything I’ve done. | 绝不会为做过的事感到遗憾 |
[1:21:11] | I’m not even sorry that I love you. | 我甚至不会因宠爱你而感到 |
[1:21:26] | I think we may have lost him to the world. | 看来我们已把他失落在滚滚红尘 |
[1:21:33] | Come on, come on. Just read the label. | 把书交还给我 |
[1:21:36] | Come on. Come on. Okay. | 来吧 来吧 好的 |
[1:21:38] | Okay. You can have the book. | 你可以来取回啊 |
[1:21:41] | You can have the book, but please don’t tickle me. | 可以来取回啊 请不要挠我痒 |
[1:21:55] | Who is it? | 是谁? |
[1:21:59] | Don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:22:07] | It’s Mr. Rose. | 是路士先生 |
[1:22:11] | Hey! | 喂 |
[1:22:17] | – Hey, Homer. – Hero. How ya doin’? | -喂 荷马 -嘉路 你好吗? |
[1:22:20] | Good. Miss Candy. | 还好 甘蒂小姐 |
[1:22:22] | Good to see you again. | 再见到你 实在太开心了 |
[1:22:24] | Thank you. Welcome back. | 欢迎你回来 |
[1:22:26] | – Hey, Muddy. – Hi, Miss Candy. | -嗨 文迪 -嗨 甘蒂小姐 |
[1:22:28] | We put in new sheets for you. I see you ain’t freezed your ass off. | 我看得出你没有连屁股也冻僵 |
[1:22:31] | It’s fine. I’m sure. I was just finishing. | 好的 我确定 我刚弄完 |
[1:22:35] | – Hey, Mr. Rose. – Peaches, how are you? | -你好 路士先生 -小桃 你好吗? |
[1:22:37] | – Good to see you again. – Good to see you. | -见到你真开心 -很高兴再见到你 |
[1:22:43] | Mr. Rose. Welcome back. | 路士先生 欢迎你再回来 |
[1:22:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:22:48] | Don’t this place feel just like home? | 这个地方令人有宾至如归之感 |
[1:22:51] | Nicer than home. What you all been doin’ make it feel so nice? | 你俩怎会把它弄得这么温暖的? |
[1:22:55] | – Hey, Rose. – Rose, Rose. | -露丝 -露丝 露丝 |
[1:22:57] | Good to see you again. How are you? | 很高兴再见到你 你好吗? |
[1:23:01] | Where’s Jack? | 杰克呢? |
[1:23:03] | He, uh, he just wasn’t up for the trip this season. | 他这个季节赶不及来了 |
[1:23:11] | Jack didn’t know what his business was. | 杰克简直不知所谓 |
[1:23:16] | Ain’t that right, Muddy? | 说得对吗? |
[1:23:28] | Muddy, Muddy, half these is bruised. | 一半都坏了 |
[1:23:31] | This one ain’t got no stem. What is this, now? | 连茎都没有 这是什么? |
[1:23:33] | That’s a spur, ain’t it? | 是短枝吗? |
[1:23:36] | You’re in too much of a hurry. What is wrong with you? | 你太急躁了 你怎么啦? |
[1:23:39] | You shakin’ the tree to get these apples down? | 你摇树是想把苹果摇下来? |
[1:23:43] | You’re bruisin’ all of these apples. | 你把所有的苹果都弄坏了 |
[1:24:27] | Ain’t you gonna eat with us, Rose? | 你不跟我们一起吃吗? |
[1:24:32] | – She used to eat with us. – Maybe she ain’t hungry this mornin’. | -她以前都和我们一起吃的 -也许她今早并不饿吧 |
[1:24:39] | She ain’t hungry every mornin’, | 她每天早上都不饿 |
[1:24:41] | ’cause she’s sick every mornin’. | 因为她每天早上都不舒服 |
[1:24:56] | Hey, Rose. How you feelin’? | 喂 露丝 你觉得怎样? |
[1:25:02] | Guess you must like watchin’ people be sick. | 看来你一定很喜欢看到人家有病 |
[1:25:06] | No, I don’t like watchin’ anyone be sick. | 不 我并不是这样啊 |
[1:25:19] | Rose, how many months are you? | 你有了几多个月? |
[1:25:24] | Do you know? | 你知道吗? |
[1:25:30] | Do you know? Rose? | 你知道吗? 露丝? |
[1:25:36] | What do you know about it? | 这种事你懂什么? |
[1:25:38] | Well, I know more than I’d like to know about it. | 我倒懂一点 并不是想知道 |
[1:25:41] | Well, then, don’t trouble yourself none, Homer. | 那就别麻烦你自己了 |
[1:25:45] | This ain’t your business. | 这件事与你无关 |
[1:25:52] | Right. | 对… |
[1:26:04] | What am I gonna do with a baby? | 有了孩子我怎么办呢? |
[1:26:07] | I can’t have a baby. | 我是不能有孩子的 |
[1:26:09] | What am I gonna do with a baby? | 有了孩子我怎么办呢 |
[1:26:11] | Whatever you want to do, Rose, I can help. | 你想怎么办 我都可以帮你 |
[1:26:20] | I just mean that if you don’t wanna keep the baby, | 我的意思是如果你不想有这个孩子 |
[1:26:23] | I know where you can go. | 我倒知道一个你可以去的地方 |
[1:26:26] | You think Daddy’s gonna let me go anywhere? Huh? | 你以为我爹会准许我到处去吗? |
[1:26:31] | I ain’t goin’ nowhere. | 我什么地方都不可以去 |
[1:26:36] | Why don’t you just, uh, go back to your pickin’, Homer. | 你还是回去摘苹果吧 |
[1:26:42] | I can take care of it by myself, all right? | 我可以应付得了 |
[1:26:46] | What do you mean? | 你这样说是什么意思? |
[1:26:48] | I mean I could take care of it by myself. Okay? | 我是说我可以应付得了 |
[1:26:52] | Don’t do anything, Rose. | 不要胡来 |
[1:26:58] | Don’t do anything to yourself, okay? | 别伤害到自己 行吧? |
[1:27:02] | Rose? Do you hear me? | 露丝 你听到我讲吗? |
[1:27:05] | – Rose, do you hear me? – Go on! – Homer? | -你听到我讲什么吗? -去吧 -荷马? |
[1:27:17] | I think we should take her to St. Cloud’s and let her decide when she gets there. | 我想我们该带她去圣云诗 让她去到时才自己决定吧 |
[1:27:21] | I told her. She doesn’t feel she can do that. | 我对她说过了 她觉得不可以这样做 |
[1:27:24] | Well, we have to help her, right? | 我们得帮她嘛 对吗? |
[1:27:30] | We need to do something, don’t we? | 我们总得做点事儿 是吗? |
[1:27:36] | Homer? | 荷马? |
[1:27:51] | Hey. Hey. | 嗨 嗨 |
[1:27:56] | I have some more clothes for you. I just keep forgetting to bring them with me. | 我还有些衣服给你 我老是忘了带着 |
[1:28:01] | I don’t need no more clothes. Thanks. | 我用不着了 谢谢 |
[1:28:12] | I know what’s goin’ on, Rose. | 我知道出了什么事 |
[1:28:15] | Homer told me. | 荷马告诉我了 |
[1:28:19] | You don’t know this, but I got pregnant about a year ago. | 有件事你是不知道的 大约一年前我也有了身孕 |
[1:28:31] | Do you want to have this baby? | 你想有这个孩子吗? |
[1:28:36] | No? | 不 |
[1:28:40] | Who’s the father? Does he know? | 父亲是谁? 他知道 |
[1:28:46] | If you don’t want to have this baby, | 如果你不想有这个孩子 |
[1:28:48] | Homer and I will take you to a place. It’s safe. | 荷马和我会带你去一个地方 |
[1:28:50] | – He knows this doc… – I can’t go nowhere. | -很安全的 他认识… -我什么地方都不能去 |
[1:28:54] | Why? | 为什么? |
[1:28:58] | Rose, listen to me. | 露丝 听我讲 |
[1:29:02] | You can tell me. | 你可以告诉我 |
[1:29:08] | It’s okay. | 没关系的 |
[1:29:16] | – Mornin’. – Morning, Mr. Rose. | -早安 -早安 路士先生 |
[1:29:22] | I’m gonna be up top, okay? | 我会爬到树顶摘果 |
[1:29:47] | Mr. Rose. | 路士先生 |
[1:29:52] | He’s the father. | 他就是父亲 |
[1:29:55] | – What? – He’s her baby’s father. | -你说什么? -他就是孩子的父亲 |
[1:29:58] | Mr. Rose is her baby’s father. | 路士先生就是她孩子的父亲 |
[1:30:01] | Her baby. Mr. Rose is the father. | 她的孩子 路士先生就是父亲 |
[1:30:04] | – What? Are you sure? – I can’t believe this. | -什么 你肯定是? -我实在难以置信 |
[1:30:08] | I knew there was something wrong. What is she gonna do? | 我早察觉到事有蹊跷 她怎么办呢? |
[1:30:14] | God, I can’t believe it. We have to keep her away from that bastard. | 我真是没法置信 我们得把她和那王八蛋分隔开 |
[1:30:29] | – Mr. Rose? – Homer. | -路士先生? -荷马 |
[1:30:32] | I know you ain’t ready for lunch, boy. | 我知你还未准备吃午饭 |
[1:30:37] | – Is it, uh, true? – What’s that? | -是真的吗? -你说什么? |
[1:30:40] | Uh, are you… | 你跟 |
[1:30:44] | sleeping with your own daughter? | 自己的女儿睡觉? |
[1:31:09] | I think you’ve been staying up too late at night, Homer. | 我看你一定是很晚才上床了 |
[1:31:21] | You’re having sex with your own daughter. | 你竟然跟自己的女儿发生性行为 |
[1:31:23] | Ain’t nobody havin’ sex with my daughter! Let me just tell you that. | 谁都没有跟我女儿发生性行为 我跟你讲个清清楚楚 |
[1:31:27] | You’re lying. Aren’t you ashamed of yourself? | 你撒谎 你不感到羞耻的吗? |
[1:31:35] | What do you care who hears? | 你毫不在乎 |
[1:31:37] | I mean, come on. They know already, don’t they? | 别这么嘛 他们都知道了吧? |
[1:31:39] | – They know, Mr. Rose. – And you know what your business is, boy! | -他们都知道了 -你知道自己做了什么事 |
[1:31:43] | I know you don’t wanna be in no kind of business with me! | 我只知你不该管老子的事 |
[1:31:47] | That’s what I know. | 可别惹老子光火 |
[1:31:48] | Yeah? Go on. Cut my clothes. I’ve got other clothes. | 好哇 来吧 割烂我的衣服吧 我还有衣服 |
[1:31:51] | You gonna come here talkin’ to me about lies and shame? | 你居然敢来这里说我撒谎 说我应该感到羞耻? |
[1:31:54] | Those people took you in, and that boy Wally is away at war! | 那些人骗了你 而华利这小伙子竟去了打仗 |
[1:31:57] | – Yeah, well, she’s your daughter! – And I love her! | -别扯远了 她是你女儿啊 -我疼爱她 |
[1:32:02] | Ain’t never gonna do nothin’ to harm her. | 我绝不会做出伤害她的事 |
[1:32:11] | She’s pregnant, you know that? She’s pregnant. | 她怀孕了 你知道吗? 她怀孕了 |
[1:33:11] | No! No! | 不 不 |
[1:33:20] | He was over Burma when he was shot down. | 他在缅甸被击了下来 |
[1:33:22] | There were no injuries from the crash, just disease. | 撞机时没有伤亡 倒惹上了病症 |
[1:33:26] | When the plane was hit, the crew chief and the radioman jumped close together. | 飞机被击中时队长与无线电生先后跳了出来 |
[1:33:31] | The co-pilot jumped third, all on Captain Worthington’s orders. | 第三个跳出来的是副机师 大家都听王上尉的命令 |
[1:33:35] | Come in. The captain was still flying the plane. | 上尉还驾驶那架飞机 |
[1:33:39] | None of the men on the ground could see the sky. That’s how thick the jungle was. | 北面的人都看不到天空 可见森林十分浓密 |
[1:33:42] | They never saw the plane crash. They never heard it crash. | 他们都没见到撞机 也没听到撞机 |
[1:33:47] | They never saw Captain Worthington’s parachute either. | 他们也没见到王上尉跳降伞 |
[1:33:50] | But he was missing for 20 days. Why? | 他失踪了二十天 |
[1:33:52] | He followed the Irrawaddy River all the way to Rangoon. | 他沿着伊洛瓦底河一直去到仰光 |
[1:33:57] | He managed to avoid the Japs but not the mosquitoes. | 他躲过了日本鬼子却避不过蚊子 |
[1:34:02] | So it’s malaria. | 他染上了疟疾? |
[1:34:04] | It’s, um, encephalitis “B.” | 他得了脑炎 |
[1:34:06] | What’s that? | 是什么病? |
[1:34:09] | Captain Worthington is paralyzed from the waist down. | 王上尉瘫痪了 从腰部以下 |
[1:34:13] | He… He won’t walk. | 他不能走路了 |
[1:34:24] | – I’m sorry. – When is he coming home? | -我深感遗憾 -他什么时候回家? |
[1:34:28] | In about a month. By the end of October. | 大概一个月 十月底吧 |
[1:34:48] | Just tell me. I’ll do whatever you wanna do. | 告诉我 你要我做什么我都会做 |
[1:34:51] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[1:34:56] | Isn’t that like waiting and seeing? | 还是像顺其自然 |
[1:35:01] | No. Nothing’s nothing. | 没什么 没什么就是没什么 |
[1:35:10] | I want Wally to come home. | 我想华利重返家园 |
[1:35:15] | I’m afraid to see him too. | 我也害怕见到他的 |
[1:35:18] | – I know. – Oh, don’t do that, Homer. | -我知道 -别这样子 |
[1:35:28] | I just want to sit here and do nothing. | 我什么都不想做 只想坐在这儿 |
[1:35:35] | To do nothing. | 什么都不做 |
[1:35:39] | It’s a great idea, really. | 倒是个好主意 |
[1:35:42] | Maybe if I just wait and see long enough, | 也许如果我一直静观其变 |
[1:35:46] | then I won’t have to do anything or decide anything, you know? | 那我什么都不用做了 或者什么也不用决定 |
[1:35:49] | I mean, maybe if I’m lucky enough, | 也许如果我够运的话 |
[1:35:53] | someone else will decide and choose and do things for me. | 会有人帮我决定帮我选择 甚至帮我做事 |
[1:35:58] | What are you talking about? | 你究竟在讲什么? |
[1:36:02] | But then again, maybe I won’t be that lucky. | 可是嘛 也许我不再那么够运 |
[1:36:09] | And it’s not my fault. It’s not your fault. | 这不是我的错 也不是你的错 |
[1:36:15] | And that’s just it. Someone’s gonna get hurt, and it’s no one’s fault. | 只能说是缘来缘去 有人会受到伤害 但却不是任何人的错 |
[1:36:20] | – I don’t want to talk about this. – If we just sit here… | -这件事我不想谈了 -如果我们只是坐在这里 |
[1:36:24] | and we wait and see a little while longer, | 而我们再静观其变多一段时间 |
[1:36:27] | then maybe you won’t have to choose, and I won’t have todoanything! | 也许你用不着作出抉择 而我什么也用不着做了 |
[1:36:31] | What do you want from me? Wally’s been shot down. He’s paralyzed. | 荷马 你想我怎样呢? 华利中了弹 他瘫痪了 |
[1:36:35] | What do you want me to do? | 你想我怎样做呢? |
[1:36:37] | Nothing. I’m sorry. | 什么都不用做 对不起 |
[1:36:45] | You’re not the one who has to do anything. | 要把事情解决的并不是你 |
[1:36:59] | Where you think you’re goin’? | 你打算到哪儿去? |
[1:37:02] | I got to go, Daddy. You have to let me go. | 我得走了 爹 你必须让我一走了之 |
[1:37:04] | Wait, Rose. Just wait. I ain’t gonna let you go nowhere in the middle of the night. | 慢着 夜半时分 我什么地方都不能让你去的 |
[1:37:08] | Hey. Hey. I can’t stay here no more, Daddy. | 爹 我不能再待下来了 |
[1:37:10] | Hey, nothin’. You just go in the house. This ain’t none of your concern. | 老弟 没什么事嘛 你尽管进屋子吧 这里没你的事 |
[1:37:14] | – Just listen to me… – You are forgettin’ yourself now. | -听我讲… -你别多管闲事了 |
[1:37:16] | This is my daughter! | 她是我女儿嘛 |
[1:37:19] | Now, I believe you got your own mess you gotta deal with. | 我知道你得解决自己的烦恼 |
[1:37:22] | Ain’t that right, Homer? | 是吗 荷马? |
[1:37:26] | Ain’t that right, Homer? | 我讲得对吗? |
[1:37:28] | My daughter and I done told you. This ain’t your business. | 我女儿对你说过了 而我也对你说过了 这件事与你无关 |
[1:37:31] | This ain’t none of your business! | 这件事与你无关啊 |
[1:37:34] | Ya even know what your business is, Homer? Do ya! | 你知道是什么事吗? |
[1:37:38] | – What is your business? – I’m in the doctor business. | -老弟 你是干什么事的? -我做的是医生的事 |
[1:37:41] | I can help. That’s all I’m saying. I can help. | 我可以帮个忙 我说是就是这一句 我可以帮忙 |
[1:38:11] | Forceps. | 两个产钳 |
[1:38:13] | Cervical stabilizer, vulval pads. | 子宫颈稳定器 外阴护垫 |
[1:38:17] | Set of sims. Set of reinstadards. | 麻药 安全带套 |
[1:38:21] | Dakin’s solution. She my little girl, Homer. | 溶液 她是我的女儿啊 |
[1:38:26] | She’s gonna be all right, Mr. Rose. Nothin’ to worry about. | 她不会有事的 一点都用不着担心 |
[1:38:37] | You ready, Rose? | 你准备好了吗? |
[1:38:43] | Fellas | 各位 |
[1:38:47] | Come on, y’all. | 你们都走吧 |
[1:39:00] | I’m staying, Homer. | 荷马 我留下来 |
[1:39:03] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:39:05] | If you stay, you make yourself a use. | 如果你留下就要让自己有点用了 |
[1:39:48] | Watch her breathing. | 留心她呼吸 |
[1:40:03] | You better go get some air. | 你还是去吸些新鲜空气吧 |
[1:40:43] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[1:40:48] | The heat will help the cramps ease up a little. | 热力会使痉孪减低些 |
[1:40:53] | The bleeding is usually a lot less within two days, | 两日内流血通常会很少 |
[1:40:55] | but you just keep checking the pad, okay? | 但你还要继续查看护垫 |
[1:41:01] | As long as it’s not heavy, it’s normal. | 只要流血不太多 那还算正常 |
[1:41:40] | It’s that Vernon. He keep askin’ where you, Rose Rose and Homer is at. | 维朗不断问你们三个在哪儿 |
[1:41:46] | Tell that Vernon to mind his own business, Muddy. | 叫维朗少管闲事 |
[1:41:52] | Told him y’all sick. | 我告诉过他说你们全都病倒了 |
[1:41:54] | You tell him whatever you want. | 随便你告诉他什么吧 |
[1:41:57] | You crew boss today. | 你今天做组长 |
[1:42:14] | You readin’ the rules, Homer? | 你是读过规则的吧? |
[1:42:19] | What are they? | 规则怎样说? |
[1:42:26] | “Please don’t smoke in bed.” | 请勿在床上抽烟 |
[1:42:29] | We already heard that one, Homer. | 这一条我们早就听过了 |
[1:42:32] | “Two: Please don’t operate the grinder or press if you’ve been drinking.” | 第二条是喝了酒就不要操作机器 |
[1:42:37] | “Three: Please don’t go up to the roof to eat your lunch.” | 第三条是不要爬上屋顶吃午饭 |
[1:42:41] | That’s the best place to eat lunch. | 那里是吃午饭的最佳去处啊 |
[1:42:43] | “Four: Please, even if you are very hot, | 第四条是即使感到燥热难熬 |
[1:42:47] | do not go up to the roof to sleep.” | 请勿在屋顶睡觉 |
[1:42:49] | What do they think, go up to the roof to sleep? | 他们怎样想的 在屋顶睡觉? |
[1:42:53] | – They must think we’re crazy. – They think we dumb niggers, | -他们一定以为我们是疯的 -他们以为我们是很蠢的黑鬼 |
[1:42:55] | so we need some dumb rules, is what they think. | 所以要有些很蠢的规则 这就是他们的想法吧 |
[1:42:58] | The last one. | 最后一条 |
[1:43:00] | “There should be no going up on the roof at night.” | 晚上不得爬上屋顶 |
[1:43:04] | Now, why don’t they just say, “Don’t go up on the roof”? | 干嘛不干脆说不准上屋顶? |
[1:43:09] | – That’s it? – That’s it. | -就是这几条? -就是这几条了 |
[1:43:12] | Hmm. It don’t mean nothin’ at all. | 全都是毫无意识的 |
[1:43:17] | – And all this time I been wonderin’ about ’em. – They outrageous, them rules. | -一直以来我都感到疑惑 -这些规则简直是无理取闹 |
[1:43:23] | Who live in this cider house? | 不想想是谁住在屋子这一边 |
[1:43:32] | Who grindin’ up those apples, pressin’ that cider, | 是谁负责榨出苹果汁 |
[1:43:37] | cleanin’ up all this mess? | 是谁把一切都整理得井井有条 |
[1:43:41] | Who just plain live here, just breathin’ in that vinegar? | 是谁住在这个臭地方 是谁要容忍尖刻的语气? |
[1:43:50] | Well, someone who don’t live here made those rules. | 订下那些规则是都并非住在此地 |
[1:43:57] | These rules ain’t for us. | 不应该用那些规则约束我们 |
[1:44:01] | We the ones supposed to make our own rules. | 规则应该由我们去订定 |
[1:44:06] | And we do. | 而我们也做 |
[1:44:08] | Every single day. | 每天都这样做 |
[1:44:14] | Ain’t that right, Homer? | 我讲得对吗? |
[1:44:17] | That’s right. | 讲得对 |
[1:44:22] | Then why don’t you burn them rules in the stove? | 那你干嘛不把规则烧掉? |
[1:44:27] | Go ‘head, Homer. Do it. | 荷马 去烧掉吧 |
[1:45:09] | Nothing is nothing, right? | 还是相见等如不见 是吗? |
[1:45:14] | You know I love you. | 你明知我是爱你的 |
[1:45:17] | You know I do. | 你明知的 |
[1:45:20] | You needed me. | 你曾经很需要我 |
[1:45:23] | Now Wally’s gonna need you. | 现在会是华利需要你了 |
[1:45:26] | Homer. | 荷马… |
[1:45:32] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[1:45:37] | At least there’s no more waiting and seeing. | 至少不必再等待不必再相见了 |
[1:45:43] | At least I got to see the ocean. | 至少我该去看看海洋了 |
[1:46:01] | Homer! Rose Rose done run away. | 露丝溜掉了 |
[1:46:05] | She took off in the middle of the night. She left on the bicycle. | 在午夜时跑掉了 她是骑脚踏车离开的 |
[1:46:09] | What? | 什么? |
[1:46:15] | Nobody gonna find her. | 大家都不会找到她了 |
[1:46:18] | She long gone. | 她溜得老远了 |
[1:46:22] | I didn’t try stop her. | 我并没有制止她 |
[1:46:25] | I just want to touch her hand before she go. | 我只是想在她走前摸一摸她的手 |
[1:46:29] | That’s all I wanna do. | 我只是想这样做而已 |
[1:46:32] | That’s all. | 别无他想 |
[1:46:35] | I swear. | 我发誓 |
[1:46:38] | Where she get that knife, Muddy? | 她哪儿会有那把小刀的? |
[1:46:41] | Look like your knife. | 好像是你的刀 |
[1:46:44] | No gal need to be out here tryin’ to hitch-hike… | 女孩子在路上搭顺风车 |
[1:46:46] | unless she got a good, strong knife to hold onto. | 没有小刀是不敢坐上去的 |
[1:46:51] | Where’d she get you? | 她在哪儿刺伤你的? |
[1:46:53] | Just misunderstood me. | 你误会我了 |
[1:46:59] | I was tryin’ to give her my knife, and I reach out my hand to touch her. | 我正想把我的小刀给她 我正想神出手触摸她时 |
[1:47:03] | But see, I understand, Homer, | 我现在明白了 |
[1:47:06] | if she don’t see it like that. | 她是误会我的意思 |
[1:47:09] | It’s my fault. | 都是我的错 |
[1:47:11] | She good with that knife. | 她很擅长用刀 |
[1:47:14] | She’s fast. | 身手敏捷 |
[1:47:17] | She a lot better with that knife than you is, Muddy. | 她比你更加擅长用刀 |
[1:47:20] | Who do you suppose taught her? | 你以为是谁教她用刀的? |
[1:47:24] | You taught her, I suppose. That’s right. | 我猜是你吧 |
[1:47:27] | That’s right. | 对了 对了 |
[1:47:30] | There’s more than one cut. | 你身上的伤口不只一处呢? |
[1:47:32] | That’s ’cause I take my knife and stick it in the wound. | 因为我拿着刀插进伤口里 |
[1:47:36] | I stick my own knife in there. | 我把小刀插入去 |
[1:47:39] | I poked it all around, Homer, | 四周乱刺 |
[1:47:43] | tryin’ to find the same spot that she got. | 想找寻被她插过的那个地方 |
[1:47:47] | Now, look here. | 你们听清楚 |
[1:47:50] | When you tell the police how this happened, | 你们把情形告诉警方时 |
[1:47:54] | I want you to tell it like this, hear? | 要依照我的说法去讲 |
[1:47:57] | My daughter run off. I was so sad about that, I stabbed myself. | 说我的女儿溜掉了 我伤心得自己刺伤自己 |
[1:48:03] | I was so unhappy that she left that… | 她跑掉后我伤心欲绝 |
[1:48:08] | I killed my own self. | 于是想刺杀自己 |
[1:48:10] | And that’s the truth. | 这就是真相了 |
[1:48:13] | Ain’t that right? | 说得对吧? |
[1:48:18] | I wanna hear you say that. | 我要你们这样子说 |
[1:48:20] | I was so unhappy that my daughter run off that… | 我女儿溜掉后我伤心欲绝 |
[1:48:28] | I killed my own self. | 于是想刺杀自己 |
[1:48:31] | – Ain’t that right, Homer? – That’s right. | -说得对吗 荷马? -说得对 |
[1:48:34] | – Huh, Muddy? – Yeah, that’s what happened. | -你呢 艾迪? -对 事情正是这样子 |
[1:48:39] | You lost your only daughter, so’s you killed yourself. That’s what we say. | 你失去了唯一的女儿 于是刺杀自己 我们要这样子说 |
[1:48:43] | That’s right. That’s the truth. | 对了 这就是真相 |
[1:48:48] | I’m just tryin’ to put things straight. | 我只是想把事情搞清楚 |
[1:48:50] | Sometimes you gotta break some rules, | 有时总得突破常规 |
[1:48:54] | put things straight. | 把事情搞清楚 |
[1:48:58] | Ain’t that right, Homer? | 就是这样子了 |
[1:49:08] | Good. | 那好啦 |
[1:50:10] | Do you think Rose will be okay? | 你认为露丝会没事吧? |
[1:50:13] | She’ll be all right. She knows how to take care of herself. | 她不会有事的 她懂得怎样照顾自己 |
[1:50:22] | This is for you. Olive wanted me to bring it. | 是给你的 奥利叫我带来 |
[1:50:25] | Oh, thanks. | 噢 谢谢 |
[1:50:34] | I know you don’t think much of being needed, or of me for that matter, but I | 我知道因为那件事 你以为我不需要你而你不需要我 |
[1:50:38] | I’m sorry for what I said about Wally needing you. | 我说了华利很需要你 很抱歉 |
[1:50:42] | It was unnecessary. | 是用不着说的 |
[1:50:47] | You had every right to be angry. | 你是绝对有权生气的 |
[1:50:51] | No, you warned me. | 不 你早已让我有所警惕 |
[1:50:53] | You told me you weren’t any good at being alone. | 你告诉过我你并不擅于独处 |
[1:51:10] | Wally’s gonna be okay. | 我知道华利不会有事的 |
[1:51:13] | I know he is. | 我知道他是 |
[1:51:16] | Yeah? | 是的 |
[1:52:04] | Dear Homer: I am writing you to tell you about Dr. Larch. | 亲爱的荷马: 我写这封信给你是要把黎治医生的事告诉你 |
[1:53:10] | Dr. Larch? | 黎治医生? |
[1:53:15] | Dr. Larch? | 黎治医生? |
[1:53:25] | Wilbur. | 黎治 |
[1:53:27] | Oh, Wilbur. | 黎治 |
[1:53:30] | Wilbur. | 黎治 |
[1:53:47] | I can assure you that the overdose… | 他误服过量药物 |
[1:53:49] | was entirely accidental. | 肯定纯属偶然 |
[1:54:03] | Let us be happy for Dr. Larch. | 让我们为黎治医生感到快乐吧 |
[1:54:07] | Dr. Larch has found a family. Good night, Dr. Larch. | 黎治医生曾经建立一个家园 永别了 黎治医生 |
[1:54:12] | Good night, Dr. Larch. | 永别了 黎治医生 |
[1:54:32] | Come on, Muddy. Step on it, man! | 文迪 开快些吧 |
[1:54:35] | Let’s get on it. Get on it, man. I wanna get to the sunshine. | 开始吧 我想来得及享受一下阳光 |
[1:54:39] | Homer! | 荷马 |
[1:54:41] | Yeah! You ever seen a palm tree? | 你见过棕榈树吗? |
[1:54:44] | Oh, he ain’t never been outta Maine! | 他从来未离开过缅因州 |
[1:54:46] | Ain’t you sick of pine trees, Homer? | 你看厌了松树吧? |
[1:54:49] | – Let me tell you something about Florida, Homer. – The sun shines! | -我告诉你一些佛罗列达的事吧 -那个地方阳光充沛 |
[1:54:52] | Man, it’s so warm down there, you can pick grapefruits… | 温暖如春 你大可以裸着身体 |
[1:54:55] | and oranges naked if you want to. | 采摘葡萄柚 采摘金山橙 |
[1:54:58] | Who would want to do that? I’m just sayin’ it’s warm, Hero. | 他不肯裸体的 我只是说温暖如春罢了 |
[1:55:00] | You used to say it was too hot. | 你以前说它太热了 |
[1:55:04] | Not me. | 不是我 |
[1:55:07] | I love them peaches. | 我爱他们的桃子 |
[1:55:10] | I love my peaches. | 我爱我的桃子 |
[1:55:14] | Homer? Hey, what you think, Homer? | 你有什么想法? |
[1:55:18] | I’d love to go with you guys, | 我很想陪着你们的 |
[1:55:21] | but I have to move on. | 可是我要踏上前路了 |
[1:55:28] | – Hey, you hear that, Muddy? – What? | -喂 文迪 你听到啦 -听到什么? |
[1:55:30] | – Boy said he ain’t movin’ on with us. – Oh, Homer! | -小伙子说不跟我们一起了 -不是吧 荷马 |
[1:55:33] | Come on, Homer. Come on down with us! | 荷马 跟我们一块儿去吧 |
[1:55:37] | – I can’t do it, guys. – Well, I reckon you gotta do what you gotta do. | -不行啦 -我猜你是要去完成未了的事 |
[1:55:48] | O Lord, support us all the day long… | 主啊 祈求整天照顾我们 |
[1:55:52] | until the shadows lengthen and the evening comes… | 能够让我们日长而夜短 |
[1:55:57] | and the busy world is hushed and the fever of life is over and our work is done. | 喧闹的世界能有片刻的安逸 人生减少病痛 工作顺利完成 |
[1:56:02] | Then, in Thy mercy, grant us a safe lodging and a holy rest… | 在你的慈悲之下 让我们居能安 休能静 |
[1:56:08] | and peace at the last. | 最终能有永久安宁 |
[1:56:10] | Amen. | 诚心所愿 |
[1:57:13] | Homer? | 荷马? |
[1:57:18] | Homer! It’s Homer! | 荷马 荷马 |
[1:57:21] | Homer! | 荷马 |
[1:57:31] | Hey, Buster! | 毕士打 |
[1:57:33] | Homer! | 荷马 |
[1:57:55] | – I was in Maine. – Oh, look! Here comes Jennifer! | -我们在缅因 -哦 看哪 詹妮弗来了 |
[1:58:00] | Let me see. | 让我看看 |
[1:58:03] | You’re welcome. You’re welcome. It was my pleasure. | 别客气 别客气 我很高兴见到你们 |
[1:58:07] | It’s gonna be chicken fricassee tonight. | 今天晚上会有炖鸡 |
[1:58:15] | – What’s this? – That’s Homer’s. | -这是什么? -是荷马的 |
[1:58:20] | You have something for me? | 你有东西给我吗? |
[1:58:23] | Do I have something for you? | 我有没有东西给你 |
[1:58:25] | Uh, let… You know what? I have something. | 你知道吗? 我有啊 |
[1:58:30] | I do. Here. | 我真的有 在这儿嘛 |
[1:58:34] | It’s from the ocean. It’s for you. | 是来自海洋的 送给你的 |
[1:58:36] | – What do you think? – Good. | -你觉得怎样? -很好哇 |
[1:58:40] | – I made a room up for you. – We thought that would be more comfortable. | -我给你准备了房间 -我们觉得这会更加舒服 |
[1:58:43] | Oh, thank you. That would be great. | 谢谢你们 实在太好了 |
[1:58:46] | – You’re not staying in here? – I don’t know. | -你不会留在这儿吗? -我不知道啊 |
[1:58:49] | What do you think, Curly? | 你认为怎样? |
[1:58:52] | What else do you have, Homer? | 你还有什么? |
[1:58:54] | – Do you have something else for me? – Do you know what this is? | -你还有什么送给我吗? -你知道这副是什么吗? |
[1:58:57] | – Oh, that’s my heart. – No, actually, it’s Fuzzy’s. | -噢 是我的心脏啊 -不是 其实是费兹的 |
[1:59:02] | There’s nothing wrong with your heart. | 你的心脏并无不妥 |
[1:59:05] | Dr. Larch wanted to keep you out of the war. That’s why he told you it was yours. | 黎治医生不想你被召募去打仗 所以他说这副心脏照片是你的 |
[1:59:13] | I think he was worried about his own heart. | 我感受到他担忧的是自己的心 |
[1:59:16] | He said it would never stand up to Homer Wells going off to war. | 他说过不忍心见到你去打仗 |
[1:59:48] | “Thus I began my new life… | 从此我用了新的姓名 |
[1:59:50] | in a new name and with everything new about me. | 展开我的新生 而我的一切一切都是新的了 |
[1:59:55] | “I felt like one in a dream. | 我仿佛活在梦里 |
[1:59:58] | The remembrance of my old life is fraught with so much want of hope. | 我当年生命中的回顾 充满着对希望的渴求 |
[2:00:03] | “Whether it lasted for a year or more or less I do not know. | 这样活下去能否维持一年上下 我不知道 |
[2:00:07] | I only know that it was… | 我只知道 |
[2:00:10] | and ceased to be. | 听上天安排 |
[2:00:13] | And there I leave it.” | 一切随遇而安 |
[2:00:19] | Is that all? | 就是这么多了吗? |
[2:00:23] | No, there’s much more to come, Curly. | 不 情节变幻还多着呢 |
[2:00:26] | Well, that’s tomorrow. | 要等到明天才讲下去了 |
[2:00:29] | Let’s not give the story away. | 现在不把故事提早泄露了 |
[2:00:40] | Good night, you Princes of Maine, | 晚安吧 你们这群缅因州皇子 |
[2:00:43] | you Kings of New England. | 你们这群新英格兰皇帝 |