英文名称:The Bridge On The River Kwai
年代:1957
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[04:27] | Finish work! | 快点干完活! |
[04:30] | Go to hut. | 到棚屋去 |
[04:31] | Yeah, that figures. | 是啊 要不让新来的俘虏 |
[04:33] | If the new prisoners see us digging graves, | 看到我们在挖坟墓 |
[04:35] | they may run. | 他们会要逃跑的 |
[04:37] | No time for jokes. Finish work! | 没时间说笑了 快点干! |
[04:41] | Dig, dig. | 挖 挖 |
[04:43] | How about putting us on sick list? | 把我们算作病号 怎么样? |
[04:46] | Have a heart, captain. | 发发慈悲吧 上尉 |
[04:47] | Put us in hospital. | 把我们放到医院里吧 |
[04:48] | You no sick. You never sick. | 你现在没有病 你从来没有病 |
[04:52] | Why you always play sick, Shears? | 你为什么一直要装病 舍尔斯? |
[04:55] | Don’t want one of these over my head, I guess. | 我猜 我不想把这玩意儿放在我头顶上 |
[04:59] | Captain Kanematsu… | 金松上尉… |
[05:02] | …how about a butt? | …烟屁股怎么样? |
[05:03] | I give you butt this morning. Both of you. | 我今早才给你的 给你们俩 |
[05:06] | That’s what I mean. I want to return the favour. | 是的 我不是那意思 我想回报一下 |
[05:10] | When a man gives a gift from the goodness of his heart… | 当一个好心人给我礼物… |
[05:13] | …like you gave me that butt, I remember it from the heart. | …就像你给我那烟屁股 我会牢记在心的 |
[05:18] | That’s why… | 这就是为什么… |
[05:21] | …l want you to keep this lighter. | …我想给你这打火机 |
[05:27] | Think I stole it? | 以为是我偷的? |
[05:29] | It belonged to that English kid we just buried. | 这是我们刚刚埋的那个英国小伙子的 |
[05:32] | He gave it to me for a favour I’d done him. | 是他感激我而送给我的 |
[05:35] | Before I pass on, I want to do the same for you. | 在我死前 我想把它送给你 |
[05:38] | You funny man, Shears. | 你这个人真有趣 舍尔斯 |
[05:43] | You go on sick list. Him too. | 你现在是病号了 他也是 |
[05:48] | One of these days Colonel Saito will catch you bribing him… | 总有一天 Saito 上校会发现你在贿赂他… |
[05:52] | …then where’ll we be? | …那时我们会怎么样? |
[05:55] | Before that happens we’ll be far away from here, chum. | 在那之前 我们早就离开这里了 伙计 |
[05:59] | Far away. | 逃得远远的 |
[06:01] | Okay, let’s knock off. | 好吧 我们收工吧 |
[06:06] | Here lies…. | 这里躺着… |
[06:09] | I forgot who we just buried. | 我忘掉了我们刚才埋的是谁 |
[06:11] | Thomson. | 汤姆森 |
[06:12] | Ah, yes. | 啊 对 |
[06:14] | Here lies Corporal Herbert Thomson… | 这里躺着赫伯特 汤姆森下士… |
[06:16] | …serial number zero- one-two- three-four-five-six-seven. | …编号是:01234567 |
[06:20] | Valiant member of the King’s Own or the Queen’s Own or something… | 国王或女王 或着什么的勇敢的战士… |
[06:26] | …who died of beri- beri in the year of our Lord, 1 943… | …在我主纪元1943 死于脚气病… |
[06:31] | …for the greater glory of…. | …为了光荣伟大的… |
[06:34] | – What did he die for? – Come off it. | – 他是为了什么死的? – 算了 |
[06:36] | No need to mock the grave. | 不要嘲笑死人 |
[06:40] | I don’t mock the grave or the man. | 我没有嘲笑死人 |
[06:43] | May he rest in peace. | 希望他能在和平中安息 |
[06:48] | He found little of it while he was alive. | 虽然在他活着的时候没有找到和平 |
[08:46] | “A” Company, mark time! | A 队 原地踏步走! |
[09:04] | Mark time! | 原地踏步走! |
[10:21] | Halt. | 立定 |
[10:24] | Into line, left turn. | 排成一行 向左转 |
[10:31] | Stand easy. | 稍息 |
[10:40] | We’re going to be busy gravediggers, Weaver. | 我们又要挖很多墓 维佛 |
[10:44] | Well done, well done. | 干的好 干的好 |
[10:55] | That colonel doesn’t know what he’s in for. | 那个上校还不知道他将会遭遇到什么 |
[10:58] | You going to tell him the truth? | 你准备去告诉他真相? |
[11:00] | Of course not. | 当然不 |
[11:01] | You’re neither an officer nor a gentleman. | 你既不是军官也不是个绅士 |
[11:37] | My name is Nicholson. | 我叫 尼科尔森 |
[11:39] | I am Colonel Saito. | 我是Saito 上校 |
[11:54] | In the name of His lmperial Majesty… | 我以天皇的名义… |
[11:59] | …l welcome you. | …欢迎你们 |
[12:01] | I am the commanding officer of this camp… | 我是这个战俘营的指挥官… |
[12:05] | …which is Camp 1 6… | …这里是沿着这条大铁路… |
[12:08] | …along the great railroad… | …的第16战俘营… |
[12:11] | …which will soon connect Bangkok with Rangoon. | …这条铁路很快就将曼谷和仰光连接起来 |
[12:17] | You British prisoners have been chosen… | 你们这些英军俘虏… |
[12:22] | …to build a bridge across the River Kwai. | …将要去修建一座跨越桂河的大桥 |
[12:26] | It will be pleasant work, requiring skill. | 这将是一个愉快的工作 但需要技能 |
[12:30] | And officers will work as well as men. | 军官也要和士兵一起工作 |
[12:35] | The Japanese Army cannot have idle mouths to feed. | 我们小日本军队不会养吃白饭的懒人 |
[12:42] | If you work hard, you will be treated well. | 如果你努力工作 就会得到优待 |
[12:47] | But if you do not work hard… | 但是 如果你不努力工作… |
[12:50] | …you will be punished. | …你将受到惩罚 |
[12:54] | A word to you about escape. | 关于逃跑 我要说几句 |
[12:58] | There is no barbed wire. | 这里没有铁丝网 |
[13:01] | No stockade. | 没有围栏 |
[13:03] | No watchtower. | 也没有了望哨 |
[13:06] | They are not necessary. | 这些都不需要 |
[13:09] | We are an island in the jungle. | 我们处于热带雨林中一个孤岛 |
[13:12] | Escape is impossible. | 逃出去是不可能的 |
[13:15] | You would die. | 会死在雨林中的 |
[13:20] | Today you rest. Tomorrow you’ll begin. | 今天休息 明天开始干活 |
[13:26] | Let me remind you of General Yamashita’s motto: | 最后让我告诉你们山下将军的格言: |
[13:30] | ” Be happy in your work.” | “在工作中寻求快乐” |
[13:32] | Be happy in your work. | 在工作中寻求快乐 |
[13:37] | Dismissed. | 解散 |
[13:43] | Battalion, stand at ease. | 全体 稍息 |
[13:47] | Fall out, Major Hughes. | 出队 休斯上校 |
[13:49] | Battalion, stand easy. | 全体 稍息 |
[13:52] | Hughes, get the men to their quarters. See who’s sick. | 休斯 把他们带到岗位上去 看看谁生病了 |
[13:54] | I’m going to have a word with this fellow. | 我要和这家伙说句话 |
[14:02] | I heard your remarks just now, sir. | 我刚才听了你的训话 先生 |
[14:05] | My men will carry on in the way one expects of a British soldier. | 我的部下会坚持英国士兵的一贯方式 |
[14:09] | My officers and I will be responsible for their conduct. | 我的军官和我会对他们的行为负责 |
[14:13] | You may have overlooked the fact that the use of officers for labour… | 你可能没注意到让军官去劳动… |
[14:17] | …is expressly forbidden by the Geneva Convention. | …在日内瓦公约中是不允许的 |
[14:20] | Is that so? | 是那样的吗? |
[14:21] | I have a copy of the convention… | 我有一份公约的复印件… |
[14:23] | …and would be glad to let you glance through it. | …我很乐意让你看一下 |
[14:26] | That will not be necessary. | 不用了 |
[15:13] | Sit down, please. | 请坐 |
[15:24] | Yes, sir. | 是 长官 |
[16:08] | I’m going to have a word with Clipton. | 我要和科林普顿说句话 |
[16:11] | Clipton, don’t let me interrupt. | 科林普顿 不要让别人打扰我 |
[16:14] | – How’s the arm? – Nearly healed. | – 胳膊怎么样了? – 快好了 |
[16:16] | Sir, this is Commander Shears of the United States Navy. | 先生 这是美国海军的舍尔斯司令官 |
[16:20] | How do you do, sir? | 你好 先生 |
[16:21] | We found him and an Australian. | 我们发现他和一个澳大利亚人 |
[16:23] | All that’s left of the prisoners who built the camp. | 是修建这个营地的仅存俘虏 |
[16:26] | U.S. Navy? Out here? | 美国海军? 大老远的跑到这里? |
[16:28] | I am sort of landlocked. | 我们差不多被陆地包围了 |
[16:30] | – You lost your ship? – The Houston. | – 然后你丢弃了你的船? – 休斯顿号 |
[16:32] | I made it ashore, but I got separated from the other survivors. | 我让它搁浅 但是我和其他的幸存者失散了 |
[16:36] | And your group here? | 这儿原来和你在一起的人呢? |
[16:38] | Mostly Aussies. Some lime… | 多数是澳洲人 一些… |
[16:40] | Some British. Indians, Burmese, Siamese. | 英国人还有印度人 缅甸人 暹罗人 |
[16:43] | And what happened to them? | 他们怎么了? |
[16:44] | They died… | 他们都死于… |
[16:47] | …of malaria, dysentery, beri- beri, gangrene. | …疟疾 痢疾 脚气和坏疽 |
[16:52] | Other causes of death: | 其他的死因是: |
[16:53] | Famine, overwork, bullet wounds, snakebites… | 饥饿 劳累过度 枪伤 蛇咬… |
[16:58] | …Saito. | …还有 Saito |
[17:00] | Then there were some who just got tired of living. | 然后还有一些不想过了 |
[17:03] | Has Clipton seen you? | 科林普顿给你检查过了吗? |
[17:04] | Just about to. Come over here, you can shave later. | 正好就要看了 过来 你可以待会刮脸 |
[17:08] | All right. | 好的 |
[17:12] | You’ll stay with the officers. | 你可以和军官待在一起 |
[17:15] | We’ll find some decent clothing. | 我们会给你找一些象样的衣服 |
[17:17] | Don’t bother about me. | 不要为我操心了 |
[17:18] | I’m not anxious to get off the sick list. | 我还不想急着离开病号房 |
[17:21] | Besides, this is working kit. It’s the fashion here. | 另外 这是劳动工具 这儿流行这个 |
[17:24] | The officers in your party did manual labour? | 你们当时连军官都干体力劳动吗? |
[17:26] | I think you could call it that. | 我想是的 |
[17:28] | I raised that very point with Colonel what’s-his-name. | 我可以列举出那个上校让我们做的每一点 他叫什么来着 |
[17:32] | Saito. | 斋藤 |
[17:33] | – I think he understands now. – Is that so? | – 我认为他现在明白那样做是不对的了 – 是吗? |
[17:36] | Yes. I must say he seems quite a reasonable type. | 是的 我必须说明 他看起来好像是那种很通情达理的类型 |
[17:40] | Well, I must be pushing on. | 是这样啊 那我可得抓紧了 |
[17:42] | There’s an officer’s meeting at 7. | 7点钟有个军官会议 |
[17:44] | – Give me a list of your requirements. – Yes, sir. | – 把你的要求列个单子 – 是 长官 |
[17:48] | Anything we can do. | 我们会尽量满足 |
[17:49] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢 长官 |
[17:53] | – What is it? – Never mind. | – 这是为什么? – 别介意 |
[17:56] | Go on, say it. | 说说看 |
[17:58] | I can think of a lot of things to call Saito… | 我可以想象出很多称呼Saito的词 |
[18:01] | …but reasonable, that’s a new one. | …”通情达理” 倒是第一次听说 |
[18:16] | Any other points? | 有其他补充的吗? |
[18:18] | – By your leave, sir? – Jennings? | – 可以允许我说吗 长官? – 詹宁斯? |
[18:20] | About the escape committee. | 有关逃跑委员会 |
[18:21] | I’ve spoken with Cmd. Shears… | 我已经和舍尔斯司令官讨论过了… |
[18:23] | There won’t be any escape committee. | 不会再有什么逃跑委员会了 |
[18:25] | I don’t understand, sir. | 我不明白 长官 |
[18:26] | Lt. Jennings has a plan. | 詹宁斯少尉有个计划 |
[18:28] | Yes, yes, I’m sure Jennings has a plan, | 是的 是的 我相信詹宁斯有个计划 |
[18:30] | but escape? | 但是 逃到哪里? |
[18:31] | Where? lnto this jungle? That fellow, Saito, is right. | 逃进雨林? 那个Saito家伙说的是对的 |
[18:36] | No need for barbed wire here. | 这里是不需要铁丝网 |
[18:37] | One chance in 1 00 of survival. | 逃进雨林只有1/100的生存可能 |
[18:40] | I’m sure a man of Cmdr. Shears’ experience | 我认为象舍尔斯司令官那样有经验的人 |
[18:42] | will back me up on that. | 会支持我的计划 |
[18:44] | I’d say that the odds against a successful escape are 1 00 to one. | 我说过了 逃跑成功的可能性是1/100 |
[18:49] | But may I add another word? | 我可以插个嘴吗? |
[18:50] | Please. | 请 |
[18:52] | The odds against survival in this camp are even worse. | 在这个战俘营的生存概率还要小 |
[18:55] | You’ve seen the graveyard. | 你已经看到了那些坟墓 |
[18:56] | They’re your real odds. | 他们是你在这里生存的真实几率 |
[18:58] | To give up hope of escape… | 放弃逃走的希望… |
[19:00] | …to stop thinking about it | …甚至不去考虑逃走 |
[19:01] | means accepting a death sentence. | 意味着接受死亡宣判 |
[19:03] | Why haven’t you tried to escape, commander? | 为什么到目前你还没有试着逃跑呢 司令官先生? |
[19:06] | I’m biding my time. | 我在等候良机 |
[19:07] | Waiting for the right moment, the right company. | 等待正确的时间和正确的伙伴 |
[19:10] | I understand how you feel. | 我知道你的感受 |
[19:13] | Of course, it’s the duty of a captured soldier to attempt escape. | 当然 作为一个被俘士兵 逃跑是他的天职 |
[19:18] | But my men and I are involved in a curious legal point… | 但是我和我的部下正处在一个奇怪的境地… |
[19:21] | …of which you are unaware. | 而你并不知道这个 |
[19:23] | In Singapore we were ordered to surrender by command headquarters. | 在新加坡 是指挥部命令我们投降的 |
[19:27] | Ordered, mind you. | 请注意 是命令 |
[19:29] | Therefore, in our case, | 所以 在我们这种情况下 |
[19:31] | escape might well be an infraction of military law. | 逃跑就会违反战争法 |
[19:34] | Interesting point, sir. | 这真有意思 长官 |
[19:36] | I’m sorry, sir, I didn’t quite follow you. | 对不起 长官 我不能同意你的观点 |
[19:38] | You intend to uphold the letter of the law, no matter what it costs? | 你想不惜一切代价去遵守法律条文? |
[19:42] | Without law, commander, there is no civilization. | 没有了法律 指挥官先生 就不会有文明的存在 |
[19:46] | That’s just my point. Here, there is no civilization. | 这正是我的观点 在这里 没有文明 |
[19:49] | Then we have the opportunity to introduce it. | 那么 我们正好有机会在这里引进文明 |
[19:52] | I suggest we drop the subject of escape. | 我建议否决逃跑的议题 |
[19:57] | Is there anything else? | 还有什么要说的吗? |
[20:01] | I think we’re clear on the program. | 我想我们都清楚了 |
[20:04] | I want everything to go off smoothly starting tomorrow morning. | 我想从明天开始 所有的事情都能顺利展开 |
[20:07] | And remember this: | 并且 请各位记住: |
[20:09] | Our men must always feel they are still commanded by us… | 必须要让我们的人感觉 是我们在指挥他们… |
[20:13] | …and not by the Japanese. | …而不是小日本 |
[20:15] | So long as they have that idea, they’ll be soldiers and not slaves. | 这样 他们就会还是士兵 而不是奴隶 |
[20:19] | Are you with me there, commander? | 同意我的观点吗 指挥官先生? |
[20:26] | I hope they can remain soldiers, colonel. | 我希望他们还能是士兵 上校 |
[20:29] | As for me, I’m just a slave. | 可我只是个奴隶 |
[20:32] | A living slave. | 一个还活着的奴隶 |
[20:46] | Queer bird. Even for an Ameri… | 即使在美国人来说 他也是个古怪的家伙… |
[20:50] | He’s been in isolation too long, poor chap. | 被囚禁得太久了 可怜的家伙 |
[20:53] | Cut off from his unit. | 这就是脱离自己人的结果 |
[20:55] | It should be a lesson to all of us. | 对我们也是个教训 |
[21:12] | English prisoners! | 英军俘虏们! |
[21:16] | Notice I do not say English soldiers. | 请注意我不是说”英军士兵” |
[21:21] | From the moment you surrendered, | 当你们投降的那一刻起 |
[21:24] | you ceased to be soldiers. | 你们就不是士兵了 |
[21:27] | You will finish the bridge by the twelfth day of May. | 你们要在五月12号前完成大桥 |
[21:33] | You will work under the direction of a Japanese engineer. | 你们会在日本工程师的指导下工作 |
[21:42] | Time is short. All men will work. | 时间很短 所有人都得工作 |
[21:46] | Your officers will work beside you. | 你们的军官会和你们一起工作 |
[21:49] | This is only just… | 投降就是你们的军官对你们的背叛 |
[21:51] | …for it is they who betrayed you by surrender. | 这就是对他们背叛你们的处罚 |
[21:55] | Your shame is their dishonour. | 羞辱你们就是要让羞辱他们 |
[21:58] | It is they who told you… | 是他们告诉你们… |
[22:01] | …better to live like a coolie then die like a hero. | …好死不如赖活着 |
[22:05] | It is they who brought you here, not l. | 是他们让你们来这里的 不是我 |
[22:09] | Therefore, they will join you in useful labour. | 所以 他们也要和你们一起干体力活 |
[22:15] | That is all. | 完毕 |
[22:17] | Officer prisoners, collect your tools. | 军官俘虏们 拿好你们的工具 |
[22:21] | Bradley, back in your place. | 布拉德利 归队 |
[22:30] | I must call your attention, Colonel Saito… | 我必须让你注意 Saito上校… |
[22:33] | …to Article 27 of the Geneva Convention. | …在日内瓦公约的27条 |
[22:36] | ” Belligerents may employ prisoners of war… | ” 交战国可以雇用战俘去做他们合适做的工作… |
[22:39] | …who are fit, other than officers…” | …指挥官除外… “ |
[22:42] | Give me the book. | 把书给我 |
[22:43] | By all means. You read English, I take it? | 当然你能读懂英文吗?我有点怀疑 |
[22:46] | – Do you read Japanese? – I’m sorry, no. | – 你能读懂日文吗? – 很遗憾 不会 |
[22:52] | You see, the Code states that… | 你看 规则指出… |
[22:56] | Stand fast in the ranks. | 站着别动 |
[22:59] | You speak to me of Code? | 你和我说”规则”? |
[23:02] | What ” Code”? | 你说的是什么”规则”? |
[23:04] | The coward’s code! | 你说的是懦夫的”规则”! |
[23:08] | What do you know of the soldier’s code? | 你知道什么是士兵的规则? |
[23:10] | Of bushido? Nothing! | 你知道什么是武士道的规则? 你什么都不知道! |
[23:14] | You are unworthy of command! | 你不配当指挥官! |
[23:29] | If you refuse to abide by the laws of the civilized world… | 如果你拒绝遵守文明世界的法规… |
[23:32] | …we must consider ourselves absolved from our duty to obey you. | …那我们要考虑是否有义务去听从你的命令 |
[23:36] | My officers will not do manual labour. | 我的军官不会去做体力劳动 |
[23:40] | We shall see. | 我们走着瞧 |
[23:44] | All enlisted prisoners to work. | 所有战俘开始去工作 |
[23:59] | Sergeant Major! Take the men to work. | 军士长! 带他们去工作 |
[24:04] | Battalion, take up tools. | 全体注意 拿起工具 |
[24:09] | Move to the left in columnar route. Left turn! | 向左靠齐 向左转! |
[24:14] | “A” Company, by the right, quick march. | “A” 队 齐步走 |
[24:20] | Eyes right. | 向右看 |
[24:23] | Eyes right. | 向右看 |
[24:33] | Eyes front. | 向前看 |
[24:43] | Quick march, eyes right. | 齐步走 向右看 |
[24:58] | ” C” Company, by the right. | ” C” 队 |
[25:01] | What’s he up to? | 他在等什么? |
[25:05] | Looks like he doesn’t want any witnesses. | 好像他不想有人看到 |
[25:24] | Now, you will be reasonable. | 现在 你是否会明白一些 |
[25:28] | You will order your officers to work. | 命令你的指挥官去开始工作 |
[25:31] | No. | 不 |
[26:03] | I will count three. | 我数三下 |
[26:05] | If by the third count… | 如果数到第三下… |
[26:08] | …you and your officers are not on the way to work… | …你和你的指挥官还没有去工作的话… |
[26:12] | …l will give the order to fire. | …我就下令开枪 |
[26:25] | He’s going to do it. | 他会这样做的 |
[26:27] | Believe me, he’s really going to do it. | 相信我 他确实想杀了他们 |
[26:40] | One. | 一 |
[26:42] | I warn you, Colonel…. | 我警告你 上校… |
[26:43] | Two. | 二 |
[26:48] | Stop! | 等一等! |
[26:54] | Colonel Saito, I’ve seen and heard everything. | Saito上校 我耳闻目睹了一切 |
[26:57] | So has every man in the hospital. | 医院里的人也这样 |
[26:59] | They’re too many witnesses. | 有太多的证人 |
[27:01] | You can’t call it a mass escape. | 你不能谎称这是集体逃跑 |
[27:03] | Most of those men can’t walk. | 那些人很多连路都不能走 |
[27:08] | Is this your soldier’s code? | 这就是你的士兵规则? |
[27:10] | Murdering unarmed men? | 屠杀手无寸铁的人? |
[28:23] | You see, Jennings, | 詹宁斯 你看 |
[28:25] | there are advantages to being on the sick list. | 当个病号多好 |
[28:28] | I’ll say this for the old man. He’s got guts. | 我认为那老家伙勇气十足 |
[28:31] | ” Into the valley of death rode the 600.” | 这样会死得更快 |
[28:34] | How’s that, sir? | 怎么会那样 长官? |
[28:36] | That kind of guts. | 那种愚蠢的勇气 |
[28:37] | Also the kind they had in 1 91 4… | 就像他们在1914一样… |
[28:39] | …when officers fought with only a swagger stick. | …那时 军官们用拐杖来反抗 |
[28:42] | I see what you mean. | 我明白你的意思 |
[28:44] | You don’t see what I mean at all. | 你一点也不明白我的意思 |
[28:46] | The kind of guts that can get us all killed. | 那种勇气会让我们全部送命的 |
[29:29] | Excuse me, sir, I’d like to go along too. | 对不起 长官 我也要和你一起逃跑 |
[29:34] | Arm’s almost healed, sir, | 我的胳膊差不多好了 长官 |
[29:36] | really it is. | 情况确实象你说的那样 |
[29:38] | What about him? | 那他会同意吗? |
[29:40] | He didn’t order us not to escape, | 他并没有命令我们不准逃跑 |
[29:42] | he suggested. | 他只是建议我们不逃跑 |
[29:43] | Listen, when a man like your colonel suggests something, | 听着 象你们上校那样人的建议 |
[29:47] | it’s an order. | 就是命令 |
[29:50] | Here we go again. | 又开始了 |
[30:01] | Colonel Saito says all officers to punishment hut. | Saito上校命令所有军官去惩戒室 |
[30:05] | Tell them to go. | 告诉他们去惩戒室 |
[30:15] | Not you. | 你留下 |
[30:30] | Come. | 过来 |
[30:53] | Leave him alone! | 放了他! |
[30:56] | Leave him alone! | 放了他! |
[31:51] | They’re going to put him in the oven. | 他们要把他关进闷室 |
[32:14] | # For he’s a jolly good fellow For he’s a jolly good fellow | |
[32:20] | # For he’s a jolly good fellow | |
[32:24] | # And so say all of us | |
[32:26] | # And so say all of us And so say all of us | |
[32:31] | # For he’s a jolly good fellow For he’s a jolly good fellow | |
[32:37] | # For he’s a jolly good fellow | |
[32:40] | # And so say all of us | |
[34:51] | Timber! | 倒啦! |
[34:58] | One, two, three, four. | 一 二 三 四 |
[35:04] | One, two, three, four. | 一 二 三 四 |
[35:10] | No, no, no! | 不行! |
[35:12] | Let go! | 松开! |
[35:15] | Let go! | 松开! |
[36:04] | You wish to see me? | 你想来见我? |
[36:06] | I’ve tried to see you for three days. | 3天来 我一直想见你 |
[36:09] | It’s about the colonel. He’s been shut up in that hut… | 上校已经被关在闷室里… |
[36:15] | I could have you shot. | 我应该枪毙你 |
[36:17] | Those prisoners who tried to escape, they were in your charge. | 那些想逃跑的俘虏是你的手下 |
[36:22] | I knew nothing about the escape. | 对逃跑我毫不知情 |
[36:25] | It does not matter. | 那无关紧要 |
[36:27] | One must respect those who tried. | 那些逃跑的人值得尊敬 |
[36:30] | For a brief moment, between escape and death… | 在逃亡和死亡的一瞬间… |
[36:34] | …they were soldiers again. | 他们又成了战士 |
[36:38] | But it is insane to try and escape. | 但是试图从这里逃出去是愚蠢的 |
[36:41] | Two soldiers shot and the third drowned. | 两个被枪打死 第三个被淹死 |
[36:46] | To what end? | 到头来又有什么好结果呢? |
[36:47] | It was an escape from reality. | 只不过是逃避现实罢了 |
[36:58] | There is your reality. | 这是你的现实 |
[37:01] | This shows the position work should have reached by noon today. | 按计划 你们今天中午应该修到这里了 |
[37:06] | And this shows the position of actual progress. | 而实际上 只到这里 |
[37:12] | Because of your colonel’s stubbornness, | 由于你们上校的愚顽不化 |
[37:14] | we are far behind schedule. | 我们的进度远远落后了 |
[37:16] | That is not all. | 还不止这些 |
[37:18] | Enlisted prisoners sabotaged the work. | 战俘还蓄意破坏 |
[37:21] | Yes, I have seen it. I could have them all shot. | 是的 我看到的 我早就应该枪毙他们 |
[37:26] | Then who would build your bridge? | 然后 谁替你造桥呢? |
[37:28] | Besides, are you sure it’s sabotage? | 另外 你认为那真的是蓄意破坏吗? |
[37:31] | The men don’t work well without their own officers. | 没有了自己的指挥官 他们的工作肯定不会做得太好 |
[37:34] | My officers will direct them. | 我的指挥官会直接领导他们工作 |
[37:36] | Your officers will work beside them. | 你们的指挥官要和他们一块工作 |
[37:39] | That’s for Nicholson to decide. | 那要由尼科尔森来决定 |
[37:41] | As he said, it’s against the rules. | 而且就像他说的那样 这样做是违背条约的 |
[37:43] | Do not speak to me of rules. | 别和我谈什么条约 |
[37:45] | This is war! | 这是战争! |
[37:48] | This is not a game of cricket. | 并不是什么公平的游戏 |
[37:54] | He’s mad, your colonel… | 你的上校是个疯子 |
[37:58] | …quite mad. | 完全是疯了 |
[38:02] | Sit down, please. | 请坐 |
[38:09] | I have decided to allow you one visit to your colonel. | 我决定了 只让你一个人去看你们的上校 |
[38:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:15] | Tell him that if his officers will not work… | 告诉他 如果他的指挥官还不参加劳动的话… |
[38:20] | …l’ll be forced to close the hospital… | 我将不得不关闭医院… |
[38:23] | …and your patients will work in their place. | 然后 你的病人将替他们劳动 |
[38:26] | Many will die, and he will be responsible. | 会死掉一些人 这全都要怪他 |
[38:31] | Go and speak to him. You have five minutes. | 去和他讲你只有5分钟时间 |
[39:05] | Doc’s going to see the old man. | 医生要去看那老伙计了 |
[39:11] | Sir…. | 长官… |
[39:17] | It’s Clipton, sir. | 是科林普顿 长官 |
[39:20] | I brought you a few things. | 我给你带来些东西 |
[39:27] | – How are the men? – Fine, sir, fine. | – 我的部下怎么样了? – 他们还好 长官 |
[39:30] | We scraped together a little meat and a coconut. | 我们给您凑了点肉和一个椰子 |
[39:37] | And the officers? | 军官们怎么样? |
[39:39] | Not so good. They’re still in detention. | 不太好 他们还在关禁闭 |
[39:42] | And Lieutenant Jennings…. Jennings is dead. | 詹宁斯上尉死了 |
[39:47] | – What? – Killed, attempting to escape. | – 什么? – 在逃跑的时候被枪打死了 |
[39:49] | Also two others, Corporal Weaver and the American. | 还有维佛下士和那个美国人 |
[39:54] | Jennings. Poor, brave lad. | 詹宁斯 真可怜 勇敢的小伙子 |
[39:58] | I warned him, didn’t l, Clipton? | 我警告过他 对不对? |
[40:00] | Look, sir, we haven’t much time. | 长官 我们时间不多了 |
[40:07] | I’m going to clean you up a little while I talk. | 我一边给你清理 一边说 |
[40:10] | I’ve got something to tell you. | 我有些事情要告诉你 |
[40:13] | I’ve just had a word with Saito. | 我和Saito吵过了 |
[40:15] | That man is the worst commanding officer I’ve ever come across. | 那个家伙是我遇过的最差的指挥官 |
[40:19] | Actually, I think he’s mad. Carry on. | 他是个疯子 你说 |
[40:39] | Blackmail! | 讹诈! |
[40:41] | I know, sir, but he means it. I’m sure he does. | 我知道 长官 但他是认真的 |
[40:46] | It’s a question of face, pure and simple. | 很简单 这是个关于面子的问题 |
[40:48] | And he can’t give in. | 但他是不会屈服的 |
[40:50] | It’s still blackmail. | 但那仍然是讹诈 |
[40:54] | Sir, you can’t stand much more of this. | 长官 你是撑不过他的 |
[40:59] | Wouldn’t the officers be better off working than suffocating in that hole? | 我们那些军官被憋在那个闷室里也不是办法 |
[41:06] | The men are doing a wonderful job. They’re going as slow as they dare. | 我们的士兵在尽量地拖延工期 |
[41:10] | But Saito’s cut their food rations… | 但是Saito在削减他们的食物配额… |
[41:13] | …and if he makes the sick men work…. | 并且一旦他让病人去工作… |
[41:15] | Well, they’re going to die. That’s all there is to it. | 很显然就会死很多人 |
[41:19] | Yes, Clipton, I understand. Truly. | 是的 科林普顿 我很清楚 |
[41:22] | But don’t you see? It’s a matter of principle. | 但是你看到了吗?这关乎原则 |
[41:25] | If we give in now, there’ll be no end to it. No. | 如果我们现在屈服了 就会无休无止 不行 |
[41:32] | Sir, we’re lost in the jungle, a thousand miles from anywhere. | 长官 我们陷在雨林里 远离文明 |
[41:37] | We’re under a man who’ll stop at nothing to get his way. | 我们是在一个为达到目的而不择手段的家伙手里 |
[41:41] | Principle! | 更别说原则了! |
[41:42] | No one will ever know or care what happens to us. | 没有人会知道这儿发生了什么 也不会有人关心 |
[41:47] | Give in, sir. Please! | 退一步吧 长官 求求你了! |
[41:49] | I’m adamant. | 我不会动摇的 |
[41:51] | I will not have an officer from my battalion working as a coolie. | 我不会让我的军官去象一个小工一样干苦力 |
[41:55] | – Time. – All right. | – 时间到 – 好的 |
[41:59] | Please thank those concerned. | 谢谢关心我的人 |
[42:02] | Everybody in the hospital contributed one piece. | 医院里的每个人都献了一片肉 |
[42:05] | Reynolds stole the coconut. | 雷诺兹偷了个椰子 |
[42:09] | We’ll be able to get you food sometimes. | 我们还会给你带来食物的 |
[42:12] | We’ve bribed one of your guards. | 我们已经贿赂了一个看管你的守卫 |
[42:21] | Goodbye, sir. And good luck. | 再见 长官 祝好运 |
[42:25] | Many thanks. | 多谢 |
[42:34] | Did you say that American was killed? | 你说那个美国人被打死了? |
[42:36] | Yes, sir. Shot and drowned. | 是的 长官 被枪打倒后淹死了 |
[42:40] | It’s insane to plan escapes. | 计划逃跑真是个愚蠢的念头 |
[42:44] | Three men killed, and to what end? | 3人被杀 结果怎么样呢? |
[42:47] | Time! | 时间到! |
[42:50] | Here is where we must win through. | 我们在这里一定能胜利 |
[43:12] | Doc just looked at us and shook his head. | 医生看着我们并摇摇头 |
[43:15] | Whatever that means. | 什么意思 |
[43:16] | Means only one thing, the colonel won’t give in. | 只有一个意思 上校不会屈服 |
[43:33] | Well? | 怎么样? |
[43:34] | It’s like this. | 是这样的 |
[43:36] | Colonel Nicholson won’t give in to force. | 尼科尔森上校不准备向武力屈服 |
[43:39] | It’s a question of principle. | 这是个原则的问题 |
[43:42] | As medical officer, I protest the way he’s being treated. | 作为医疗官 我抗议对他的折磨 |
[43:45] | It’s a wonder he’s still alive. | 他还能活着 真是奇迹 |
[43:47] | Should a tragedy occur, it would be tantamount to murder. | 如果发生悲剧 那和谋杀是一样的 |
[43:54] | He is responsible. | 要怪就怪他 |
[43:57] | Not l. | 不是我 |
[44:09] | You sick? | 你病了? |
[44:14] | Are they both mad? | 他们都疯了吗? |
[44:18] | Or am I going mad? | 或者我也要发疯了? |
[44:22] | Or is it the sun? | 太阳也疯了? |
[47:26] | Attention! | 立正! |
[47:29] | Battalion, attention. | 全体立正 |
[47:34] | English prisoners. | 英军俘虏们 |
[47:37] | Let us ask the question… | 让我们问一个问题… |
[47:39] | …why does the bridge not progress? | …为什么大桥进展迟缓? |
[47:43] | You know why, because your officers are lazy! | 你们知道为什么 因为你们的指挥官是懒惰的! |
[47:49] | They think themselves too good to share your burden. | 他们认为自己高人一等 而不愿和你们分担 |
[47:54] | This is not just. | 这是不公平的 |
[47:56] | Therefore, you are not happy in your work. | 所以 你们工作起来也不愉快 |
[47:59] | Therefore, the bridge does not progress. | 所以 大桥也没有什么进展 |
[48:04] | But there is another cause. | 但是还有一个原因 |
[48:06] | I do not hide the truth. | 我不避讳事实 |
[48:10] | With deep shame and regret… | 我很惭愧… |
[48:12] | …l admit to you the failure… | …我承认也是由于我们的一个小日本狗屎 |
[48:15] | …of a member of the Japanese staff. | …的无能 |
[48:18] | I refer to Lieutenant Miura. | 我是指 Miura上尉 |
[48:21] | He is a bad engineer. | 他是一个很差的工程师 |
[48:23] | He is unworthy of command. | 他的指挥毫不称职 |
[48:26] | Therefore, I have removed him from his post. | 所以 我把他撤换了 |
[48:32] | Tomorrow we begin again. | 明天 我们重新开始 |
[48:37] | I shall be in personal command. | 我会亲自指挥 |
[48:40] | Today we rest. | 今天 我们休息 |
[48:44] | All work and no play make Jack a dull boy! | 只有工作而没有娱乐会很不爽的! |
[48:50] | As token of regard for your efforts in the future… | 为了你们明天努力工作… |
[48:53] | …l give presents to you all. | …我给你们每个人一份礼物 |
[49:08] | Let us be happy in our work. | 工作愉快 |
[49:11] | Company, dismissed. | 解散 |
[49:16] | Battalion, dismissed. | 全体解散 |
[49:33] | Hey, take a look at this. | 嘿 看看 |
[49:36] | Red Cross! He’s given us our… | 红十字! 他把我们的… |
[49:39] | Hey, he’s given us our own Red Cross parcels. | 嘿 他把我方的红十字包裹发给我们 |
[49:42] | “Tomorrow we begin again.” | “明天重新开始” |
[50:51] | Hey, Harry, look! | 嘿 哈里 看! |
[50:53] | They’re letting the old man out. | 他们要把老伙计放出来了 |
[51:18] | Most likely going to give him another pasting. | 看来 他们要再毒打他一顿 |
[52:05] | Good evening, colonel. | 晚上好 上校 |
[52:14] | Do you mind sitting over here? | 愿意过来坐一坐吗? |
[52:16] | I am having rather a late supper. | 我晚饭还没有吃 |
[52:42] | English corned beef. | 英国咸牛肉 |
[52:46] | No, thank you. | 不用 谢谢 |
[52:52] | Produce of Scotland. | 产自苏格兰 |
[52:57] | I prefer it to sake. | 我宁愿它是日本米酒 |
[53:00] | I spent three years in London, you know. | 我在伦敦呆了3年 |
[53:03] | I studied at the London Polytechnic. | 我在伦敦工艺学校学习 |
[53:08] | Cheers! | 敬你! |
[53:09] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[53:11] | Later, perhaps? | 下次? |
[53:13] | Perhaps. | 也许 |
[53:20] | I was not a good artist. | 我不是一个好的艺术家 |
[53:23] | My father disapproved. | 我爸爸不赞成我搞艺术 |
[53:26] | He felt I belonged in the army. | 他觉得我应该在军队发展 |
[53:29] | So I changed from art to engineering. | 所以我放弃了艺术 改学工程 |
[53:33] | I must tell you, Colonel Saito. | 我必须告诉你 Saito上校 |
[53:38] | I intend to make a full report of your activities. | 我要将你的行为写一份完整的报告 |
[53:47] | I do not think you quite realize my position. | 我不认为你理解我的处境 |
[53:51] | – I must carry out my orders. – Oh, quite, quite. | – 我必须执行给我的命令 – 噢 当然 |
[53:55] | My orders are to complete the bridge by the 1 2th day of May. | 我必须在5月12号之前完成大桥 |
[53:59] | – I have only 1 2 weeks more. – No doubt. | – 我只有12个星期多一点 – 是的 |
[54:02] | Therefore, I am compelled to use all available personnel. | 所以 我必须启用我手上的任何一个人 |
[54:07] | No officers, except for administration. | 军官不行 除非是管理工作 |
[54:10] | But officers are working along the entire railway. | 但是在这条铁路线上 所有的军官都在工作 |
[54:14] | You know it. I know it. | 你清楚 我也清楚 |
[54:16] | I’m not responsible for other officers. | 其他地方的军官我不管 |
[54:19] | Personally, I’m appalled. | 从我个人来讲 我很震惊 |
[54:21] | Let’s not get excited. | 别激动 |
[54:29] | Will you have a cigar? | 来枝雪茄吗? |
[54:31] | No. Thank you. | 不 谢谢 |
[54:35] | When I said all officers must work… | 当我说所有的指挥官都要劳动的时候… |
[54:38] | …naturally, I never meant you, the commanding officer. | …事实上是指少尉至上校阶级之各指挥官 并没有包括你 |
[54:42] | My orders were only intended for officers below… | 我的命令只适用于下级军官… |
[54:47] | No officers will do manual labour. | 任何军官都不能做苦力劳动 |
[54:49] | Please! I was about to say: | 拜托! 我是要说: |
[54:52] | I’ve thought the matter over and have decided… | 我通盘考虑过了 |
[54:56] | …to put majors and above on administrative duties… | …我要让他们大部分做管理工作 |
[55:01] | …leaving only junior officers to work. | …只有很低级的军官去劳动 |
[55:04] | No. The Convention’s quite clear on that point. | 不行 公约关于这个的规定很清楚 |
[55:21] | Do you know what will happen to me if the bridge is not ready in time? | 你知道如果大桥不能准时建成 我会怎样? |
[55:26] | I haven’t the foggiest. | 一点也不知道 |
[55:28] | I’d have to kill myself. | 我必须自杀 |
[55:31] | What would you do if you were me? | 如果你是我 你会怎样? |
[55:34] | I suppose if I were you… | 如果我是你… |
[55:37] | …l’d have to kill myself. | …我想我会自杀 |
[55:42] | Cheers. | 敬你 |
[55:44] | I warn you, colonel… | 我警告你 上校… |
[55:47] | …if I am to die, others will die before me. | …在我死之前 其他的人都得死 |
[55:52] | Do you understand? | 你明白了吗? |
[55:53] | Clipton did mention that. | 科林普顿并没有这么说 |
[55:56] | That won’t solve your problem. | 但那样也不能解决你的问题 |
[55:59] | I’m sure we can arrive at a solution. | 我想我们可以达成一个解决办法 |
[56:02] | Please sit down. | 请坐 |
[56:06] | Now. Tell me, colonel… | 请你告诉我 上校… |
[56:10] | …do you agree that the first job of an officer is command? | 你认为军人的天职是服从命令吗? |
[56:14] | – Of course. – Good. | – 当然 – 好的 |
[56:18] | Now. | 现在 |
[56:22] | Take this bridge of yours. | 我们来看看你的大桥 |
[56:25] | It’s quite an enormous undertaking. | 真是一个巨大的工程 |
[56:27] | Frankly, I doubt whether your Lieutenant what’s- his- name… | 坦率地说 我怀疑你的那个叫什么来着的上尉… |
[56:32] | Miura. | 三浦 |
[56:35] | …is capable of tackling a job of such importance. | 能胜任这样的工作 |
[56:40] | On the other hand, I have officers, Reeves and Hughes for instance… | 另外 我有些军官 比如里夫和休斯… |
[56:45] | …who have built bridges all over lndia. | …他们在印度到处修桥 |
[56:49] | The men respect them. | 人们都尊敬他们 |
[56:51] | It’s essential for an officer to have that respect. | 尊重对一个军官来说 是很重要的 |
[56:55] | If it’s gone, he ceases to command. | 如果没有尊重 则不能服众 |
[56:57] | What then? Demoralization and chaos. | 然后会怎么样? 部下漫无纪律 指挥混乱 |
[57:00] | A poor commander I would be if I allowed that to happen. | 如果让这种情况发生 那么我就是个非常不称职的指挥官 |
[57:04] | Perhaps you are not aware | 也许你忘记了 |
[57:06] | that the bridge is now under my command. | 修建大桥是由我来指挥的 |
[57:09] | Really? And may I ask, are you satisfied with the work? | 真的吗? 你对进度满意吗? |
[57:13] | – I am not! – You’ve proved my point. | – 很不满意! – 你证明了我的观点 |
[57:16] | I hate the British! | 我痛恨英国人! |
[57:18] | You are defeated but you have no shame. | 你们被打败了 还不知羞耻 |
[57:21] | You are stubborn but have no pride. | 你们很顽固 但没有什么值得自豪的 |
[57:24] | You endure but you have no courage. | 你们会忍耐 但你们没有勇气 |
[57:27] | I hate the British! | 我痛恨英国人! |
[57:30] | Pointless, going on like this. | 这样不能解决任何问题 |
[57:32] | Stay there! | 站着! |
[1:01:11] | Stand down. Stand down! | 暂停! |
[1:01:22] | Battalion, attention! | 全体立正! |
[1:02:05] | Battalion, stand at ease. | 全体 稍息 |
[1:02:10] | Please…. | 请… |
[1:02:13] | Do you know what is the date today, colonel? | 你知道今天是什么日子吗 上校? |
[1:02:16] | I’ve lost count. | 我已经不会记数了 |
[1:02:18] | It’s the anniversary of our great victory… | 这是我们1905年 |
[1:02:21] | …over Russia in 1 905. | 大胜俄国人的纪念日… |
[1:02:24] | Throughout East Asia we are celebrating this date. | 整个东亚都在庆祝这个日子 |
[1:02:28] | In honour of this occasion… | 趁着这个伟大的日子… |
[1:02:30] | …l have given your troops a day of rest. | …我给你的部下放了一天假 |
[1:02:33] | Many thanks. | 多谢 |
[1:02:35] | I am declaring a general amnesty. | 我要宣布一个特赦 |
[1:02:38] | You and your officers may return to your quarters. | 你和你的军官可以回到你们的住处 |
[1:02:42] | As part of this amnesty… | 作为这个特赦的一部分… |
[1:02:45] | …it will not be necessary for officers to do manual labour. | …军官不需要做体力劳动了 |
[1:03:20] | He’s done it! | 他做到了! |
[1:05:44] | Somebody deserves a medal, sir. | 应该给某些人发勋章 |
[1:05:58] | How many men in your party? | 你的手下有多少人? |
[1:06:00] | I don’t really know, sir. | 我不是很清楚 长官 |
[1:06:03] | – You don’t know? – Twelve, usually. | – 你不清楚? – 通常有12个人 |
[1:06:05] | One of the men took sick this morning, sir. | 今早有一个生病了 长官 |
[1:06:08] | It took three or four to help him to the hospital. | 有三四个人把他抬到医院去了 |
[1:06:14] | And… He took terrible sick, sir. | 嗯 他病得很厉害 长官 |
[1:06:17] | A corporal should know how many men he has under him. | 一个下士必须清楚他管辖多少人 |
[1:06:22] | Oh, yes, sir. | 是 长官 |
[1:06:25] | Have you a nervous affliction? | 你的面部神经有问题吗? |
[1:06:26] | Stop making those faces. | 否则 不要那样做鬼脸 |
[1:06:30] | It may be funny to you, but it’s not military behaviour. | 也许你认为很有趣 但不要那样做鬼脸 |
[1:06:34] | No, sir. | 没有问题 长官 |
[1:06:39] | We must put a stop to these demonstrations. | 我们必须停止这些作假行为 |
[1:06:52] | – I say, Reeves? – Yes, sir? | – 我说 里夫? – 什么 长官? |
[1:06:54] | Ever built a bridge over a stream like the Kwai? | 以前在这类河上修建过大桥吗? |
[1:06:58] | Yes, sir, | 是的 长官 |
[1:06:59] | half a dozen of them in Madras, Bengal…. | 我们在马德拉斯和孟加拉修的桥有半数是这类的 |
[1:07:02] | If this were your bridge… | 如果这是你负责修建的大桥… |
[1:07:05] | …how would you get it under way? | 你会怎样来做…? |
[1:07:09] | Get it under way, sir? | 怎样来做? |
[1:07:11] | First of all, I wouldn’t build it here. | 首先 我不会把它修在这里 |
[1:07:14] | Oh, why not? | 噢 为什么? |
[1:07:16] | I was trying to tell you… | 我可以说… |
[1:07:18] | …the Japanese couldn’t have picked a worse location. | …小日本不可能再找到比这里糟糕的地点了 |
[1:07:23] | You see those piles? | 你看到这些桥桩了吗? |
[1:07:25] | They’re sinking. | 他们正在下沉 |
[1:07:29] | We could drive those logs forever and they wouldn’t hold. | 他们要经常受到压力 而他们不可能支撑的住 |
[1:07:33] | Where would you build it? | 那你会在哪里建桥? |
[1:07:36] | Further downstream, sir. | 下游较远一点的地方 长官 |
[1:07:38] | Across those narrows. | 在那些河道狭窄的地方跨越河流 |
[1:07:40] | Then we’d have solid bedrock on both banks. | 这样两岸都会有坚实的岩床 |
[1:07:43] | Hughes, if this were your bridge, how would you use the men? | 休斯 如果是你负责修建大桥 你会怎么安排人手? |
[1:07:48] | Not the way they’re doing it. | 绝对不是现在这样子 |
[1:07:50] | It’s chaos, as you can see. | 正如你看到的 太混乱了 |
[1:07:54] | Uncoordinated activity. | 作业互不协调 |
[1:07:56] | No teamwork. | 相互没有配合 |
[1:07:59] | Some parties are working against each other. | 很多组的工作相互制约 |
[1:08:05] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:08:10] | I say, gentlemen, we have a problem on our hands. | 我说 先生们 我们手上有个难题 |
[1:08:13] | Thanks to the Japanese, we command a rabble. | 感谢小日本所赐 我们在指挥一群乌合之众 |
[1:08:16] | There’s no order, no discipline. | 没有秩序 没有原则 |
[1:08:20] | – Our task is to rebuild the battalion. – Yes, sir. | – 我们的任务是要重组军队 – 是的 长官 |
[1:08:23] | Which isn’t going to be easy. | 那并不容易 |
[1:08:25] | Fortunately, we have the means at hand. The bridge. | 幸运的是 我们手上有个对象 那座大桥 |
[1:08:29] | – The bridge, sir? – The bridge. | – 那座大桥 长官? – 是的 那座大桥 |
[1:08:34] | We’ll teach them a lesson in Western efficiency | 我们要展示我们西方的效率 给他们上一课 |
[1:08:37] | that’ll put them to shame. | 让他们出出丑 |
[1:08:39] | Show what a British soldier is capable of. | 展示我们英军士兵的能力 |
[1:08:42] | Yes. I see your point, sir. | 是的 长官 我明白你的意思 |
[1:08:45] | I know how difficult it’s going to be here… | 我知道这儿环境很艰苦… |
[1:08:48] | …where you can’t find what you need. | …找不到合手的东西 |
[1:08:50] | – There’s the challenge. – I beg your pardon, sir. | – 这是一个挑战 – 请原谅 长官 |
[1:08:54] | You really want them to build the bridge? | 你真的要给他们修一座大桥? |
[1:08:56] | You’re not usually so slow in the uptake. | 你们平时可不是这么迟钝的 |
[1:08:59] | I know our men. You’ve got to keep them occupied. | 我知道我们的战士 必须让他们有活干 |
[1:09:02] | If there weren’t any work, we’d invent some. | 如果他们没有事干 我们就找一些给他们做 |
[1:09:06] | – That we would, sir. – So we’re lucky. | – 我们会的 长官 – 我们很幸运 |
[1:09:09] | But it’s going to be a proper bridge. | 但是我们还要把它造好 |
[1:09:12] | Here again I know the men. | 我还知道我们的战士 |
[1:09:14] | It’s essential that they take pride in their job. | 他们需要在工作中寻找自豪感 |
[1:09:17] | – Right, men? – Yes, sir. | – 对不对 各位? – 是的 长官 |
[1:09:19] | Reeves, you’re the key man here as engineer. | 里夫 你是这里的关键人员 你在这里要充当一个工程师 |
[1:09:22] | Tell me what you want and we’ll get it. | 告诉我你需要的 我们会尽量去满足 |
[1:09:25] | Can we make a go of it? | 我们能干好吗? |
[1:09:26] | – We’ll do out best, sir. – Fine. | – 我们会干的很漂亮的 长官 – 很好 |
[1:09:30] | We must draw up our plans… | 我们必须先制定计划… |
[1:09:33] | …then arrange a conference with Saito… | …然后和Saito开个会议… |
[1:09:36] | …and set him straight. | …然后纠正他的错误 |
[1:09:44] | That takes care of all the procedural matters. | 那些全是程序上的事情 |
[1:09:48] | Oh, yes. | 噢 是的 |
[1:09:50] | The next point is unpleasant for all concerned, I’m afraid. | 下面我要说的 可能相关的人员会不高兴 |
[1:09:54] | Sorry to say, the position of the bridge was fixed hastily… | 我不得不说 大桥的选址是草率的… |
[1:09:58] | …and, I have to add, incorrectly. | …嗯 或者说是错误的 |
[1:10:03] | Incorrectly? | 错误的? |
[1:10:04] | Unfortunately, yes. | 很不幸 是的 |
[1:10:06] | Our engineer has made a study of the site… | 我们的技术人员研究了你们选的地点… |
[1:10:09] | …and decided that the river bottom there is too soft. | …认为河床太软 |
[1:10:13] | Too soft? | 太软? |
[1:10:15] | Mud! All the work has been useless. | 全是泥浆! 所有的工作都是无用工 |
[1:10:18] | – Reeves, will you carry on? – Yes, sir. | – 里夫 请你继续 – 是的 长官 |
[1:10:19] | – Reeves, will you carry on? – Yes, sir. | – 里夫 请你继续 – 是的 长官 |
[1:10:21] | Those piles of yours could be hammered | 桥墩的受力会把… |
[1:10:23] | below water level before they’d hold. | 它们压到水面以下的 |
[1:10:26] | It would collapse under the first train. | 当第一列火车通过的时候 大桥就会倒塌 |
[1:10:29] | The pressure and soil resistance figures | 这是压力和泥土形变的图表 |
[1:10:32] | in tons per square inch. | 单位是吨/平方英寸 |
[1:10:34] | Reeves, before you get too involved…. | 里夫 在你深入介绍之前… |
[1:10:36] | Colonel, could we have a cup of tea? | 上校 我们可以来杯茶吗? |
[1:10:52] | I take it we all agree that if we’re to avoid disaster… | 我认为大家都同意了 为了避免灾难… |
[1:10:56] | …we build a new bridge, | …我们必须在下游400码的地方 |
[1:10:57] | at the site picked by Reeves, 400 yards downstream. | 在里夫挑选的地址上建一座新桥 |
[1:11:05] | Let’s proceed to the next point. | 现在我们来看下一个问题 |
[1:11:08] | I decided to alter the work quota of our men. | 我要改变他们的劳动强度 |
[1:11:11] | – Alter? – I’ve increased it. | – 改变劳动强度? – 我要增加他们的劳动强度 |
[1:11:13] | From 1 .5 yards of earth moved to two. | 从挖土15码改成2码 |
[1:11:16] | I’m sure it will meet with your approval. | 你肯定会赞同这个决定 |
[1:11:19] | Hughes has all the facts. Would you take over? | 休斯 你来详细介绍一下 |
[1:11:22] | I’ve done a time study of the entire project. | 我仔细研究了一下整个工程 |
[1:11:26] | You see, the available forces have been badly distributed. | 我认为 作业分配是错误的 |
[1:11:30] | I’d urge we revise the organization of the working parties. | 我们应该修改作业分配 |
[1:11:34] | Just a moment. Colonel, | 稍等一下 上校 |
[1:11:35] | it would save time if we could work during dinner. | 我们边吃边谈可能会节约时间 |
[1:11:39] | Would it be possible to have dinner? | 我们可以有晚饭吃的吧? |
[1:11:42] | Of course. | 当然 |
[1:11:46] | – Carry on. – Yes, sir. | – 继续 – 是 长官 |
[1:11:48] | If we increase the squads and specialize their functions… | 如果增加班组 细化分工… |
[1:11:52] | …l’m certain the total daily output can be increased by 30?0 . | …那么 每天的工作量会增加30% |
[1:11:57] | Now, Colonel Saito, I have one more point…. | 现在 Saito 上校 我还有一点补充… |
[1:12:01] | Now, there’s another important decision that can’t be postponed. | 现在 还有一项决定刻不容缓 |
[1:12:06] | As the British will work on the bridge… | 当英军士兵在修桥的时候… |
[1:12:09] | …only a few will be available for railway work. | …修建铁路的人手就少了 |
[1:12:12] | I must ask you to lend us some of your men | 你必须用你的人 |
[1:12:14] | to reinforce the railway gang… | 来支援铁路的修建… |
[1:12:17] | …so the final stretch of track can be completed as quickly as possible. | …那样 铺轨的工作也能尽快的完成 |
[1:12:23] | I have already given the order. | 我已经下令了 |
[1:12:25] | We must fix the daily work quota for your men. | 我们也必须改变你们的工作强度 |
[1:12:29] | I thought to set it at 1.5 yards | 我曾想过定为每天15码 |
[1:12:31] | so as not to overtire them… | 这样不会太过疲劳… |
[1:12:33] | …but isn’t it best to be the same as ours? | …但是和我们一样是不是更好一些? |
[1:12:36] | That would also create a healthy competitive spirit. | 这样也会形成良性竞争 |
[1:12:41] | I have already given the order. | 我已经下令了 |
[1:12:44] | We’ll try to surpass that, won’t we, Hughes? | 我们会尽善尽美的 对不对 休斯? |
[1:12:47] | I think that completes the agenda for tonight. | 我想今晚的议程就到这里 |
[1:12:50] | Thank you, Colonel Saito, for your kind attention. | 谢谢你的关注 Saito上校 |
[1:12:54] | Are there any other questions? | 还有问题吗? |
[1:12:58] | One question. | 我有一个问题 |
[1:13:01] | Can you finish the bridge in time? | 你能在期限内完成大桥吗? |
[1:13:03] | Frankly, the consensus of opinion is that it’s impossible. | 坦率地讲 看起来是不可能的 |
[1:13:07] | But we’ll certainly give it a go. | 当然我们要试一试 |
[1:13:11] | Don’t forget we wasted a month through an unfortunate disagreement… | 别忘了 我们因为分歧而浪费了一个月… |
[1:13:15] | …for which I was not to blame. | …当然那不是我的错 |
[1:13:19] | Is there anything else? | 还有什么问题吗? |
[1:13:21] | No. | 没有了 |
[1:13:23] | Thank you. The meeting is closed. | 谢谢 会议结束 |
[1:13:28] | – Good night. – Good night. | – 晚安 – 晚安 |
[1:13:55] | I hope these Japanese appreciate what we’re doing for them. | 我希望这些小日本会感激我们所做的 |
[1:14:00] | For now I’m not concerned with their appreciation. | 虽然现在我还没有感觉到这一点 |
[1:14:04] | – Good night, Clipton. – Good night, sir. | – 晚安 科林普顿 – 晚安 长官 |
[1:14:09] | By the way, I meant to tell you… | 另外 我想告诉你… |
[1:14:11] | …there are trees here similar to elm. | …这里有一些树比较象榆树 |
[1:14:14] | And the elm piles of London Bridge lasted 600 years. | 伦敦桥的榆树桩已经支撑了600年了 |
[1:14:19] | – Six hundred years, Reeves? – Yes, sir. | – 600年 里夫? – 是的 长官 |
[1:14:23] | Six hundred years. | 600年 |
[1:14:26] | That would be quite something. | 真是奇迹 |
[1:15:17] | I’m looking for an American named Commander Shears. | 我在找一个美国人 他叫舍尔斯 |
[1:15:21] | – Yes, down on the beach. – Oh, thank you very much. | – 在海滩上 – 谢谢 |
[1:15:32] | Kiss! | 吻一下! |
[1:15:34] | Too many eyes. | 那么多人 |
[1:15:35] | Too many eyes. | 那么多人 |
[1:15:36] | You give me powders, pills, baths, injections, enemas…. | 你给了我药粉 药片 沐浴 注射 灌肠… |
[1:15:40] | All I need is love. | 其实我只需要爱 |
[1:15:42] | It’s true. All you really need is love. | 是的 你只需要爱 |
[1:15:50] | Why are you so sure you’ll get a medical discharge? | 为什么你这么肯定你想病休? |
[1:15:53] | Because I’m a civilian at heart, lover. | 因为我内心里一直是老百姓 宝贝 |
[1:15:56] | And I always follow my heart. | 而且我一直是性情中人 |
[1:15:58] | Kiss. | 吻一下 |
[1:16:08] | How’s that, commander? | 怎么会那样 司令官? |
[1:16:11] | Don’t call me commander. | 不要叫我司令官 |
[1:16:13] | It’s unromantic. | 太不浪漫了 |
[1:16:15] | You’re an officer yourself. | 你自己也是个军官 |
[1:16:16] | How’d you like it if I called you Lieutenant Lover? | 你会喜欢我叫你宝贝上尉吗? |
[1:16:20] | Let’s be democratic. Just call me “sir.” | 让我们用平民的称呼吧 就叫我”先生”吧 |
[1:16:22] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[1:16:25] | Brass ahoy. | 厚颜无耻 |
[1:16:28] | He wants you. He’s all yours. | 他来找你 |
[1:16:30] | – I’m going for a swim. – Don’t leave me! | – 我要去游泳了 – 别走! |
[1:16:34] | – Commander Shears? – Yes. | – 舍尔斯 司令官? – 是的 |
[1:16:36] | My name’s Warden. | 我叫 华登 |
[1:16:38] | – How do you do? – Sorry to intrude… | – 你好 – 对不起 打扰了… |
[1:16:40] | That’s okay, major. I’m used to it. | 没事 少校 我习惯了 |
[1:16:42] | Like a martini? | 来点马丁尼酒吗? |
[1:16:44] | That’s very kind. I think not. | 谢谢 不用了 |
[1:16:46] | Mind if I have one? | 介意我来一点吗? |
[1:16:47] | How did you get that? | 哪里搞来的? |
[1:16:49] | Where there’s a hospital, there’s alcohol. | 有医院就有酒精 |
[1:16:52] | Yes, of course. Jolly good. | 噢 那当然 |
[1:16:55] | Well, I’ll be as brief as possible. | 嗯 我尽量简洁一些 |
[1:16:58] | I belong to a rather rum group called Force 31 6. | 我隶属于316部队 那是个比较古怪的部门 |
[1:17:02] | Our headquarters is in the Botanical Gardens. | 我们的总部在布坦尼可公园 |
[1:17:04] | – Protecting rare plants from the enemy? – Not quite. | – 保护稀有植物不被敌人破坏? – 当然不是 |
[1:17:08] | – Sure you won’t have one? – No, thanks. | – 你当真不来一点? – 不 谢谢 |
[1:17:11] | We have an interest in that railway you worked on. | 我们对你工作过的铁路很感兴趣 |
[1:17:15] | You could give us no end of valuable information. | 你可以给我们很多有价值的情报 |
[1:17:19] | Well, I’m leaving for the States in a few days… | 嗯 我已经离开那地方已经很多天了… |
[1:17:22] | …and I told your people everything I know. | …而且 我把所知的都告诉你们了 |
[1:17:26] | But you could help us in a rather special sense. | 但是 你可以用一种更特殊的方式来帮助我们 |
[1:17:29] | I know it’s a terrible imposition, | 我知道有点强人所难 |
[1:17:32] | but could you possibly come out and see us? | 但是你能否出来去见一下我们? |
[1:17:36] | If you want to go over the whole thing again. | 如果你想让我再重复报告一遍的话 |
[1:17:39] | Very kind. Lord Louis’ll be grateful. | 太好了 路易斯阁下会感激不尽的 |
[1:17:42] | – Who? – Mountbatten. | – 谁? – 蒙巴顿 |
[1:17:44] | We’re one of his special pigeons. | 我们是他的部下 |
[1:17:46] | Shall we say this evening, then? | 那么今晚怎么样? |
[1:17:48] | About 8. I’ll send a car. | 8点我会派一辆车来 |
[1:17:50] | This evening? Out of the question. | 今晚? 不行 |
[1:17:53] | Tomorrow morning then? About 1 0? | 你明早怎么样? 10点? |
[1:17:55] | – Okay, 1 0:00. – Thanks very much. | – 好 就10点 – 多谢 |
[1:17:58] | – Cheerio. – Cheerio. | – 再见 – 再见 |
[1:18:00] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[1:18:03] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:18:12] | You’re sorry, but you’re going to stand me up tonight. | 你很抱歉 你今晚要让我空等了 |
[1:18:16] | You couldn’t be more wrong. | 大错特错 |
[1:18:23] | General salute! | 敬礼! |
[1:18:24] | General salute! | 敬礼! |
[1:18:25] | Present arms! | 举枪致敬! |
[1:18:41] | – May I see your pass, please? – Oh, yes. | – 可以看你的通行证吗? – 好的 |
[1:18:56] | Major Warden’s bungalow is at the end of the path. | 华登少校的办公室在路的尽头 |
[1:19:11] | Good show, Jenkins. Good show! | 干得好 Jenkins 干得好! |
[1:19:15] | Come along, Thomson. Use your knife, man. | 快 汤姆森用你的匕首 |
[1:19:21] | On your feet! Away to the debriefing room. | 站起来!快去指定地点 |
[1:19:22] | On your feet! Away to the debriefing room. | 站起来!快去指定地点 |
[1:19:24] | Come on, move yourselves! Move quickly! | 快 快点! |
[1:19:29] | Very clumsy, Joyce, very clumsy. | 动作太笨了 乔依斯 |
[1:19:34] | Always use your knife immediately, Joyce. | 要立即用匕首捅 乔依斯 |
[1:19:38] | You see, he’s gained the initiative. | 你看 他占了主动 |
[1:19:40] | Wait a minute! I’m terribly sorry, sir. | 停下! 对不起 长官 |
[1:19:44] | – You’re sorry? – So am l. | – 你对不起? – 是的 |
[1:19:47] | I thought you were the enemy. | 我以为你是敌人 |
[1:19:48] | I’m American, if that’s what you mean. | 我是美国人 如果你是指这个的话 |
[1:19:50] | – That’ll be all, Joyce. – Yes, sir. Sorry, sir. | – 就这样 乔依斯 – 是 长官 对不起 长官 |
[1:19:55] | – What can I do for you? – I’m going to see Major Warden. | – 我能做什么? – 我要找华登上校 |
[1:19:59] | I’ll show you the way. | 我来带路 |
[1:20:01] | He’ll finish his lecture any moment now. | 他现在应该快下课了 |
[1:20:10] | – That’s the end of his lecture. – Thunderous ovation. | – 他现在下课了 – 这么大的声音 |
[1:20:13] | He believes in keeping our training as close to real life as possible. | 他认为训练越接近实战越好 |
[1:20:19] | – Major Warden, sir? – Yes? | – 华登少校 – 嗯? |
[1:20:22] | Good of you to come. | 很高兴见到你 |
[1:20:24] | – They took care of you? – They certainly have. | – 他们待你还好吧? – 确实是的 |
[1:20:27] | Thank you, staff. Well, come along, then. | 谢谢你 跟我来 |
[1:20:30] | Col. Green is looking forward to meeting you. | 格林上校要见你 |
[1:20:34] | Fascinating place, isn’t it? | 这个地方还不错吧? |
[1:20:36] | Didn’t know it was a commando school. | 我不知道这里还是一所军事学校 |
[1:20:40] | We’re trying to discourage the use of that word. | 我们尽量不用这种称呼 |
[1:20:43] | Such a melodramatic air. | 那样会制造紧张空气 |
[1:20:45] | What do you do here? | 你在这里干什么? |
[1:20:46] | Sabotage, demolition, that line of country. | 爆破 摧毁一类的事情 |
[1:20:49] | We’re using P.E., plastic explosives. It’s wonderful. | 我们使用 PE 塑胶炸药 很不错的东西 |
[1:20:52] | That pop was made with a lump half this size. | 刚才那个爆炸的炸药只有这个一半大 |
[1:20:55] | It’s twice as powerful as gelignite at half the weight. | 只要硝化甘油炸药的一半 而威力却有两倍 |
[1:21:00] | It’s quite harmless until it’s detonated. | 没引爆的情况下是很安全的 |
[1:21:03] | Thanks for telling me. | 谢谢你的介绍 |
[1:21:05] | It’s completely waterproof and actually plastic. | 它完全防水 而且可塑性很好 |
[1:21:08] | See? You can do what you like with it. | 看到吗?你可以用它来做你想用它做的事情 |
[1:21:12] | This is my place. | 这是我的办公室 |
[1:21:19] | Go ahead. | 这里 |
[1:21:22] | Oh, I’m dying for a cup of tea. | 喔 渴死了 我要来杯茶 |
[1:21:27] | – Would you care for one? – No, thanks. | – 你也来一杯? – 不 谢谢 |
[1:21:29] | – A drink? – No, thank you. | – 来杯酒? – 不 谢谢 |
[1:21:32] | – Pot of tea for one, please, Peter. – Very good, sir. | – 给我来壶茶 彼得 – 是的 长官 |
[1:21:39] | Do you read this? | 这个你也看得懂? |
[1:21:40] | I taught Oriental languages at Cambridge before the war. | 战前 我在剑桥教东方语言 |
[1:21:48] | I never congratulated you on your escape. Good show! | 我还没有祝贺你的成功逃亡呢 干得好! |
[1:21:52] | If your sea rescue plane hadn’t spotted me, | 如果你的海上救援飞机没有看到我 |
[1:21:56] | I wouldn’t be here. | 我也不会呆在这里 |
[1:21:56] | No, I suppose not. | 是的 我想不会 |
[1:22:01] | Would you like to see where you were? | 你愿意再来看看你逃出来的地方吗? |
[1:22:05] | All right. | 好的 |
[1:22:07] | Our information’s scanty. | 我们的情报很有限 |
[1:22:09] | It’s based on your report. | 主要来源于你的报告 |
[1:22:11] | We think the camp’s here. | 我们认为战俘营在这里 |
[1:22:13] | Do your people have any idea what happened to Col. Nicholson? | 你们是否有尼科尔森上校的消息? |
[1:22:18] | He had guts. | 他很勇敢 |
[1:22:20] | They were about to shoot him and he didn’t bat an eye. | 要枪毙他时 他也不眨一下眼睛 |
[1:22:21] | If you’re about to be shot | 当你要被枪毙的时候 |
[1:22:23] | there’s not much you can do. | 你本来就什么也不能做 |
[1:22:25] | Here is the river Kwai, | 这里是桂河 |
[1:22:27] | and here’s the village where you were helped. | 这里是你求助的村子 |
[1:22:30] | Here is the railway. | 这里是铁路 |
[1:22:31] | You must be fairly familiar with this area. | 你肯定非常熟悉这一带 |
[1:22:34] | No, I was out of my head half the time. | 不 大部分时间我脑袋里只是一片空白 |
[1:22:37] | The railway starts down here in Singapore. | 铁路从新加坡开始 … |
[1:22:41] | Malaya, Bangkok, Rangoon. | 经过马来西亚 曼谷 仰光 |
[1:22:43] | Their idea is to drive on through, into lndia. | 他们想一直贯通到印度 |
[1:22:46] | – Where was I picked up? – Oh, about here. | – 我是在哪里被救起的? – 在这里附近 |
[1:22:50] | The Japanese aim to open the Bangkok-Rangoon section by the middle of May. | 日军想在五月中旬贯通曼谷和仰光 |
[1:22:55] | We’ll try to prevent them. | 我们必须阻止他们 |
[1:22:57] | It’s too far for bombers to carry a load. | 太远了 轰炸机飞不到这里 |
[1:23:00] | We’ll have to go smash it on the ground. | 我们必须用地面部队把它摧毁 |
[1:23:03] | – How? – Parachute drop, then march. | – 那你想怎么办? – 空降之后 徒步到那里 |
[1:23:06] | With demolition equipment through that jungle? | 带着爆破装置穿过雨林吗? |
[1:23:09] | Our chief problem is lack of firsthand knowledge. | 我们的主要问题是 对那里一无所知 |
[1:23:14] | You see, none of us have ever been there. | 我们没有人到过哪里 |
[1:23:16] | I don’t want to discourage… | 我其实不想让你失望 但是… |
[1:23:19] | It should be interesting. | 那很有趣 |
[1:23:20] | Col. Green’s given me the Kwai bridge. | 格林上校把桂河大桥交给我了 |
[1:23:22] | I’m taking a team in to blow it up. | 我要带一队人去炸掉它 |
[1:23:25] | Lucky you. | 你真幸运 |
[1:23:30] | Sure you won’t have tea? | 你真的不想来点茶? |
[1:23:31] | No, thanks. I don’t want to be rude, | 不 谢谢 我不想失礼 |
[1:23:33] | but I’ve got a date at 2. | 但是我在2点钟要和一个漂亮姑娘约会 |
[1:23:36] | – If there are any questions…. – Of course, I’m sorry. | – 如果还有问题的话… – 很抱歉 是的 |
[1:23:43] | Well, there is only one question, actually. | 嗯 只有一个问题 |
[1:23:46] | How would you feel about going back? | 你觉得再去那里一趟怎么样? |
[1:23:51] | Come again? | 什么? |
[1:23:53] | Under the circumstances it’s a bit much… | 在某种情况下 有点儿… |
[1:23:56] | …but you have a unique knowledge for our purpose. | …但是 你是完成这个任务的关键 |
[1:23:59] | We’d love to have you with us. | 我们很希望你能和我们一起去 |
[1:24:03] | That’s why you brought me here? | 这就是你找我来这里的原因? |
[1:24:06] | To ask me this? | 来请我再去哪里一趟? |
[1:24:07] | Well, frankly, yes. | 嗯 坦率的说 是的 |
[1:24:09] | I just got out of there. | 我才从那里逃出来 |
[1:24:11] | My escape was a miracle. | 我能从那里逃出来 简直是个奇迹 |
[1:24:13] | Now you want me to go back! Ridiculous! | 而你现在却让我再回去! 真荒唐! |
[1:24:16] | This is embarrassing… | 我知道这很令人为难… |
[1:24:17] | I don’t belong to you. | 我不属于你们的部队 |
[1:24:19] | I belong to the American Navy. | 我隶属于美国海军 |
[1:24:21] | Actually, Col. Green has taken the matter up with your people. | 事实上 格林上校和你的部队讨论过这件事 |
[1:24:25] | – With my people? – Your Navy’s turned you over to us. | – 和我的部队? – 你的海军把你转借给我们 |
[1:24:30] | A signal arrived yesterday morning from the Pacific… | 昨天早上 从太平洋舰队指挥部来了一个命令… |
[1:24:33] | …authorizing your temporary transfer of duty to Force 31 6. | 确认把你暂借给316部队 |
[1:24:38] | – They can’t do this! – I’m afraid they have. | – 他们不能这样做! – 恐怕他们不这样认为 |
[1:24:41] | It was hard to break it to you. | 很遗憾告诉你这个消息 |
[1:24:44] | But they can’t do this to me. | 但是他们不能这样对我 |
[1:24:46] | I mean it. My Navy’s made a mistake! | 海军搞错了! |
[1:24:51] | Look. I’m not a Navy commander. | 你看 我不是海军司令官 |
[1:24:54] | I’m not even an officer. | 我甚至不是一名军官 |
[1:24:56] | The whole thing’s a fake. | 整个事情都不是真的 |
[1:24:58] | I’m just an ordinary swab jockey, second class. | 我只是一个擦炮筒的普通士兵 |
[1:25:04] | When the Houston sunk, | 当休斯顿号沉没的时候 |
[1:25:06] | I made it ashore with a real commander. | 我和一名真正的司令官上岸 |
[1:25:08] | We ran into a Japanese patrol. He was killed. | 我们碰上了日军巡逻队 他被打死了 |
[1:25:12] | I figured it was just a matter of time till l… | 我认为只是时间问题 直到我… |
[1:25:15] | So you changed uniforms with a dead man. | 所以你和死人换了服装 |
[1:25:19] | I thought officers would get better treatment in prison camps. | 我认为在战俘营中军官会受到较好的待遇 |
[1:25:23] | But with Saito, | 但是我遇到的Saito |
[1:25:24] | the officers worked along with the rest. | 他命令指挥官和其他人一起劳动 |
[1:25:26] | There’s always the unexpected, isn’t there? | 总是有意想不到的事情 对不对? |
[1:25:31] | I kind of got used to being a commander… | 我已经有点习惯当司令官了… |
[1:25:35] | …so when I arrived at the hospital… | …所以当我来到医院的时候… |
[1:25:37] | …l took a look at the enlisted men’s ward | …我看了一下普通战士的病房 |
[1:25:40] | and then the officer’s ward… | 和指挥官的病房… |
[1:25:43] | …and I said to myself, | …然后我对自己说 |
[1:25:45] | ” Let’s let it ride along for a while.” | “就继续冒充一些时间吧” |
[1:25:48] | There were certain advantages. | 军官还真有优待 |
[1:25:49] | I saw one of them on the beach. | 我在海滩上就看到一个 |
[1:25:52] | That’s the whole story. | 这就是整个故事 |
[1:25:54] | The point is, you can’t use me. | 问题是 你不能用我 |
[1:25:56] | You want an officer… | 你需要的是一名指挥官… |
[1:25:58] | …an American Commander Shears who doesn’t exist. | …一个并不存在的美军司令官舍尔斯 |
[1:26:01] | When the Navy learns the truth, they’ll say: | 当海军发现了真相 他们会说: |
[1:26:04] | “Ship him home for impersonating an officer.” | “由于假扮指挥官 把他遣送回家” |
[1:26:08] | – Once that happens, I’ve got it made. – Got it what? | – 一旦结果是那样 我就成功了 – 你就怎样? |
[1:26:11] | Made! I’d like that drink now. | 成功了! 我现在想喝点酒 |
[1:26:15] | I’ll apply for a medical discharge. | 我想申请病退 |
[1:26:17] | I’ll say I impersonated an officer | 我会说假装指挥官 |
[1:26:20] | because I went crazy in the jungle. | 是由于在森林中得了神经病 |
[1:26:23] | I’m getting worse. Sometimes I think I’m Admiral Halsey. | 甚至 有时我觉得我是海尔森海军舰队司令 |
[1:26:28] | It’s quite a clever plan. | 很聪明的计划 |
[1:26:31] | Not only clever, it’s foolproof. | 不仅仅是聪明的计划 而且是简单安全的 |
[1:26:33] | If my Navy finds out who I am… | 如果海军发现了我的真实身份 |
[1:26:36] | …those orders won’t be worth the paper they’re written on. | 那份命令就是一张废纸 |
[1:26:54] | Isn’t this your photograph? | 这是你的照片吗? |
[1:26:58] | Where did you get this? | 从哪里搞到的? |
[1:27:00] | It took some doing… | 由于你的部队不能确认你的身份… |
[1:27:01] | …since your people couldn’t identify you. | …就费了些事 |
[1:27:04] | Finally your C-in-C Pacific sent us a copy of your service record. | 最后太平洋舰队发了一份你的服役档案过来 |
[1:27:09] | The photograph, fingerprints. | 照片和指纹 |
[1:27:11] | Would you care to have a look? | 你愿意看看吗? |
[1:27:15] | You see, we’ve known about your actual rank for nearly a week. | 我们知道你的真实身份已经一星期了 |
[1:27:22] | Your Navy’s in an awkward position. | 你的海军处在一个两难的境地 |
[1:27:25] | In one sense you’re a hero… | 一方面你是个英雄… |
[1:27:28] | …for making an escape from the jungle. | …成功逃出雨林 |
[1:27:31] | At the same time, they can’t bring you home… | 同时 因为你假扮指挥官 他们又不好把你送回家 |
[1:27:34] | …and give you the Navy Cross for impersonating an officer. | 然后颁发一枚海军十字勋章给你 |
[1:27:37] | I suppose that’s why they were happy to hand you over. | 我想 因此他们很乐意把你转交给我们 |
[1:27:41] | You see? | 你明白了吗? |
[1:27:43] | Hot potato. | 棘手的问题 |
[1:27:45] | As far as your rank is concerned… | 说到你的军阶 |
[1:27:47] | …we’re fairly informal about that in Force 31 6. | 在316部队 我们并不在意那个 |
[1:27:51] | You’d have the simulated rank of major. | 你可以假装你是少校 |
[1:27:55] | A simulated major. That figures. | 假装上校 那意味着… |
[1:28:00] | Well…. | 嗯… |
[1:28:05] | As long as I’m hooked, I might as well volunteer. | 我最好是志愿参加 |
[1:28:09] | Good show! | 很好! |
[1:28:12] | Oh, Colonel Green, sir. | 格林上校 长官 |
[1:28:14] | This is Major Shears. | 这是舍尔斯上校 |
[1:28:15] | He volunteered to go and help me blow up the bridge. | 他志愿帮助我们炸掉那座桥 |
[1:28:19] | Really? | 真的? |
[1:28:22] | Good show! | 很好! |
[1:28:23] | Jolly good show, major! | 太好了 上校! |
[1:29:16] | Get up to sick bay. This foot’s infected. | 去医务室吧 这只脚感染了 |
[1:29:19] | Colonel might think I’m malingering. | 上校会以为我在装病 |
[1:29:21] | I’m the medical officer. Get cracking! | 我是医疗官快去吧! |
[1:29:30] | Will someone tell me why he wants to build a proper bridge? | 有人能告诉我他为什么想建这座大桥吗? |
[1:29:34] | Don’t worry about old Nick. | 不要担心老尼克 |
[1:29:35] | He knows what he’s doing. | 他知道自己在干什么 |
[1:29:48] | Hello, Clipton. About time you paid us a visit. | 嘿 柯林普顿该给我们展示一下了 |
[1:29:52] | Fine job our chaps are doing. | 我们的小伙子干得真不错 |
[1:29:55] | Yes. How’s he behaving? | 是的 他怎么样? |
[1:29:57] | He’s been most reasonable since we took over. | 当我们接管过来以后 他已经变得很讲理了 |
[1:30:00] | – What’s he thinking? – I haven’t the foggiest. | – 他在想什么? – 我不清楚 |
[1:30:04] | – Thanks, Reeves. – Right, sir. | – 谢谢你 里夫 – 好的 长官 |
[1:30:06] | What do you think? | 你怎么看? |
[1:30:09] | Quite a challenge, isn’t it? | 绝对是个挑战 对不对? |
[1:30:13] | Are you convinced that building this bridge is a good idea? | 你真认为建这座桥是个好主意吗? |
[1:30:18] | – Are you serious? – Yes, sir. | – 你是认真的吗? – 是的 长官 |
[1:30:20] | A good idea? Take another look. | 一个好主意吗? 我们再看看 |
[1:30:24] | You don’t agree morale is high? | 你不认为他们士气很高吗? |
[1:30:27] | Discipline has been restored? | 你不认为军纪又得到恢复了吗? |
[1:30:29] | Their condition has improved? | 你不认为他们的待遇得到提高了吗? |
[1:30:31] | Are they a happier lot or aren’t they? | 他们难道没有更快乐一些吗? |
[1:30:34] | They feed better and they are no longer abused. | 他们吃得也好了 再也得不到虐待 |
[1:30:37] | Honestly, Clipton, | 坦率地说 柯林普顿 |
[1:30:39] | there are times when I don’t understand you at all. | 有时我一点也不了解你 |
[1:30:42] | I’ll try to make myself clear. | 让我说得更清楚一些 |
[1:30:44] | The fact is, what we’re doing could be construed as… | 事实上 我们所作的事情可以被理解为… |
[1:30:48] | …forgive me, sir, collaboration with the enemy. | …对不起 长官 是通敌合作 |
[1:30:51] | Perhaps even treason. | 甚至可以被认为是叛国罪 |
[1:30:53] | We’re prisoners of war. | 我们是战俘 |
[1:30:54] | We haven’t the right to refuse to work. | 我们没有权利拒绝劳动 |
[1:30:58] | I understand that, sir. | 我知道 长官 |
[1:30:59] | But must we work so well? | 但是我们一定要做得这么好吗? |
[1:31:01] | Must we do better than they could themselves? | 我们一定要做得比他们自己还好吗? |
[1:31:05] | If you had to operate on Saito, | 如果你替Saito做手术 |
[1:31:07] | would you do your best or let him die? | 你会尽力治好他 还是杀死他? |
[1:31:10] | Would you prefer we disintegrate in idleness? | 你难道不认为懒散会击垮我们? |
[1:31:13] | Or have it said we can’t do a proper job? | 让世人说我们连一件正常的工作都不会做? |
[1:31:16] | It’s important to show them | 这很重要 要让他们知道 |
[1:31:19] | they can’t break us in body or in spirit. | 他们不可能在身体或精神上打垮我们 |
[1:31:22] | Take a good look, Clipton. | 好好看看 柯林普顿 |
[1:31:25] | One day the war will be over. | 有一天 当战争结束 |
[1:31:27] | I hope that those who use the bridge in years to come… | 我希望将来那些使用这座桥的人… |
[1:31:31] | …will remember how it was built, and who built it. | …会记住它是怎么样被建成的 是谁修建了他们 |
[1:31:34] | Not a gang of slaves, but soldiers. | 不是一群奴隶 而是一群战士 |
[1:31:37] | British soldiers, even in captivity. | 一群英国战士 在被俘的情况下修建的 |
[1:31:40] | – Yes, sir. – You’re a fine doctor… | – 是的 长官 – 你是一个好医生 |
[1:31:42] | …but you’ve a lot to learn about the army. | 但是对于战争 你还要学习很多 |
[1:32:09] | Hold him! Hold him! | 抓住他! 抓住他! |
[1:32:11] | Use your boot! Get your boot in there, will you? | 用脚! |
[1:32:22] | Good morning! | 早上好! |
[1:32:37] | What on earth are you people staring at? | 你们到底在看什么? |
[1:32:43] | Get him with your boot! | 用脚踹倒他! |
[1:32:57] | I’m sorry I’m late, sir. | 对不起我来迟了 长官 |
[1:32:59] | Four minutes, to be exact. | 迟到4分钟 |
[1:33:01] | You were in need of medical attention? | 你在做内科检查吗? |
[1:33:03] | – Sir? – I was referring to the nurse. | – 对不起 长官? – 我是指那个女护士 |
[1:33:07] | Very ingenious. Warden was right. | 足智多谋 华登 说的一点也不错 |
[1:33:10] | Sit down. | 请坐 |
[1:33:12] | I asked you here to help us | 我请你来这里 |
[1:33:14] | pick the fourth member of your team. | 是要你挑选行动小组里的第四个人 |
[1:33:16] | – Ask Mr. Joyce to come in. – Yes, sir. | – 请乔伊斯先生进来 – 是的 长官 |
[1:33:20] | Chapman wants Joyce, but I have my doubts. | 查普曼想要乔伊斯 但是我有疑虑 |
[1:33:23] | He has too much imagination as distinct from cold calculation. | 他有太多的想象力了 |
[1:33:27] | I’ve told you… | 我已经告诉过你… |
[1:33:28] | …in this job, even when it’s finished there’s always one more thing to do. | …在这个任务中 总会有万一 |
[1:33:33] | He’s the best swimmer in the school. | 他在学校里是游泳最好的 |
[1:33:35] | I’m well aware of your evaluation. | 我早已清楚你的观点 |
[1:33:38] | The opinion I want is Shears’. | 我现在要舍尔斯的意见 |
[1:33:43] | All right, at ease. | 好的 稍息 |
[1:33:50] | These men are thinking of taking you for a hike in the jungle. | 这些人想带你到雨林一游 |
[1:33:54] | Yes, sir. | 是的 长官 |
[1:33:56] | You were an accountant in Montreal? | 你在蒙特利尔是个会计师? |
[1:33:58] | Yes, sir. Not really an accountant. | 是的 长官 但还不是个正式的会计师 |
[1:34:01] | That is, I didn’t have my charter. | 因为我还没有得到许可证 |
[1:34:03] | Exactly what did you do? | 那么你实际上做什么呢? |
[1:34:05] | Well, sir, I just checked columns and columns of figures… | 嗯 长官 我只是核算数据… |
[1:34:09] | …which people had checked before me… | …核算那些别人核算过的数据… |
[1:34:12] | …and other people checked them after I had checked them. | …然后别人再核算我核算过的数据 |
[1:34:15] | – Sounds a frightful bore. – Sir, it was a bore. | – 听起来很烦人 – 长官 是很烦人 |
[1:34:19] | How did you wind up here? | 你怎么会在这里的? |
[1:34:21] | In ’39 I came over to London to enlist. | 1939年 我去伦敦应征 |
[1:34:23] | Later I volunteered for this work. | 后来 我志愿来到这里 |
[1:34:26] | – You volunteered! – Yes, sir. See, the regular Army… | – 你是志愿的! – 是的 长官 你看 正规部队… |
[1:34:30] | Go ahead, you can be frank. | 请继续 你可以很坦率地说 |
[1:34:32] | Well, the regular Army reminded me of my job in civilian life. | 嗯 正规部队使我回想起我原来的工作 |
[1:34:37] | They don’t expect you to think. | 他们不需要你去思考 |
[1:34:42] | Think about this. | 那你思考这个看看 |
[1:34:44] | Are you sure you’d be able to use it in cold blood? | 你能用它来杀人吗? |
[1:34:47] | I know how to use it. | 我知道怎么使用它 |
[1:34:49] | That’s not what I meant. Could you use it in cold blood? | 不是那意思 我问你能用它来杀人吗? |
[1:34:53] | Could you kill without hesitation? | 你可以毫不犹豫地杀人吗? |
[1:34:56] | That’s a question I’ve asked myself. It’s worried me quite a bit. | 这个问题我曾经问过自己 它很困扰我 |
[1:35:02] | And what was the answer? | 那么答案是什么? |
[1:35:04] | I don’t honestly know, sir. | 事实上 我并不知道答案 长官 |
[1:35:07] | I’ve tried to imagine myself…. | 我曾经试图想象自己… |
[1:35:11] | I suppose I find it hard to kid myself that killing isn’t a crime. | 我很难使自己相信杀戮不是犯罪 |
[1:35:16] | It’s an old army problem. | 那是军队里的一个古老的问题 |
[1:35:19] | Well, I think that’s all. Thank you, Joyce. | 嗯 好了 谢谢你 乔伊斯 |
[1:35:25] | Am I to go with the team? | 我可以参加行动了吗? |
[1:35:27] | We’ll let you know. | 我们会让你知道的 |
[1:35:36] | You see what I mean. | 你们看到了吧 |
[1:35:38] | Well, at least he was honest. | 嗯 至少他是诚实的 |
[1:35:40] | None of us ever know the answer | 不到那时候 |
[1:35:42] | to that question until the moment arises. | 我们谁也不知道答案 |
[1:35:45] | What’s your opinion, Shears? | 你的意见呢 舍尔斯? |
[1:35:48] | Well, he’s Canadian. | 嗯 他是加拿大人 |
[1:35:49] | That fits with the international composition of this outfit. | 正好吻合我们这个多国组合行动 |
[1:35:54] | If he wants to go, he can take my place! | 如果他想去 他可以替我去! |
[1:35:57] | Well, if you’re all agreed on Joyce, he’s yours. | 嗯 如果大家都同意乔伊斯去 那就让他们参加吧 |
[1:36:01] | I had an air reconnaissance report on the village. | 我们对那个村庄进行了空中侦察 |
[1:36:05] | There’s enough clearing to make your jump at dusk. | 你们可以在晚上空降到那里 |
[1:36:08] | – You’ve had parachute training? – No, sir. | – 你经过跳伞训练吗? – 没有 长官 |
[1:36:11] | Blast! This is awkward. | 该死! 这个可麻烦了 |
[1:36:14] | Silly, it never occurred to me! | 从来没遇到过这样的事情! |
[1:36:17] | Well, maybe… | 也许 我可以不… |
[1:36:18] | He’s right. Arrange some practice jumps for him. | 我们可以给他安排一些训练 |
[1:36:21] | I’ll go check right away. | 我现在就去安排 |
[1:36:24] | – All right, Chapman, you can run along. – Yes, sir. | – 好的 查普曼 你也可以走了 – 是的 长官 |
[1:36:29] | Well, feel like a sniff of air? | 嗯 是不是很简单? |
[1:36:31] | Yes, sir. | 是的 长官 |
[1:36:33] | You don’t realize what a plum you are. | 你不知道你是多么的重要 |
[1:36:36] | Your knowledge of the area, | 你熟悉那地区 |
[1:36:37] | making friends in that village. | 你和那村庄里的人结交朋友 |
[1:36:40] | It’s almost as if your whole escape | 就好像整个逃跑 |
[1:36:42] | had been planned with us in mind. | 都是我们计划好的 |
[1:36:47] | By the way, here’s something | 这里有些东西 |
[1:36:48] | that’ll interest you. The new ” L” pill. | 你可能会感兴趣 新的” L”药片 |
[1:36:52] | – L pill? – L for lethal. Instant, painless. | – ” L”药片? – 致命毒药 迅速 无痛 |
[1:36:56] | Much better than the old ones. | 比老的型号要好很多 |
[1:36:58] | For capture, of course. | 当然是为了被俘时使用 |
[1:37:00] | You’re telling me not to be taken alive. | 你是想告诉我不要被活捉 |
[1:37:02] | I wouldn’t recommend it. | 算我没说 |
[1:37:05] | If any of you get hurt or wounded | 如果你们谁受伤了 |
[1:37:06] | the others will have to leave him behind. | 其他人会把他扔在身后的 |
[1:37:09] | The objective comes first in our work. | 在这次行动中 炸毁目标是第一要务 |
[1:37:12] | You want my honest evaluation? | 你想听我对这小组的真实评价吗? |
[1:37:15] | I didn’t want to say in front of them. | 在他们面前我没有说 |
[1:37:17] | I understand, go ahead. | 我明白 请讲 |
[1:37:20] | Well, Chapman will be fine. | 嗯 查普曼很好 |
[1:37:22] | Ice water in his veins. | 在他血管里流的是冰水 |
[1:37:24] | Joyce is…. He’ll be okay. | 乔伊斯 吗… 他会好的 |
[1:37:27] | – It’s Warden I don’t get. – Oh? Why not? | – 华登 我觉得不行 – 为什么? |
[1:37:30] | Cambridge don and all of that. | 他只是个剑桥老师 |
[1:37:32] | It’s one thing to play with explosives like a kid with firecrackers… | 他就像个玩鞭炮的孩子… |
[1:37:35] | He’s not without experience, you know. | 他经验很丰富的 |
[1:37:39] | When Singapore fell, | 当新加坡陷落的时候 |
[1:37:40] | he stayed behind to blow up a couple of bridges. | 他在后面炸掉了几座大桥 |
[1:37:43] | Many other installations before the Japs caught him. | 还在小日本抓住他之前 安装了好几个装置 |
[1:37:46] | – Fascinating story. He… – Sir, it’s most annoying. | – 真精彩 他… – 长官 有些麻烦 |
[1:37:50] | In view of time, | 从时间上考虑 |
[1:37:52] | they don’t think practice jumps would be worth it. | 他们认为练习跳伞意义不大 |
[1:37:55] | If you make one jump there’s only a 50% chance of injury. | 如果你跳一次 只有50%机会受伤 |
[1:37:59] | Two jumps, 80%. | 跳两次 80% |
[1:38:01] | Three jumps, you’re bound to get your packet. | 3次 他肯定要受伤 |
[1:38:03] | The consensus is, | 大家的一致的结论是 |
[1:38:04] | the most sensible thing for Shears to do… | 最好的办法就是让舍尔斯… |
[1:38:07] | …is to go ahead and jump and hope for the best. | 不要训练 直接去跳下去 |
[1:38:10] | With or without parachute? | 带不带降落伞? |
[1:38:17] | Oh, very good! | 噢 很好! |
[1:38:23] | With or without! | 带不带降落伞! |
[1:39:22] | He’s in the trees! | 他挂在树上! |
[1:40:02] | Yai says we can’t reach the Kwai your way. | Yai 说我们不能从你的那条路去桂河 |
[1:40:05] | There are too many Japanese patrols. | 有太多的日军岗哨 |
[1:40:07] | We’ll swing north through heavy jungle. | 我们要迂回到北方穿越原始森林 |
[1:40:10] | – Then who’s going to lead? – Yai. | – 那么谁带路? – Yai |
[1:40:12] | He hates the Japanese. They took all his men. | 他恨日本人 他们抓走了这里所有的男人 |
[1:40:15] | Which means we shall have to use women bearers. | 我们必须用妇女来帮我们搬东西 |
[1:40:18] | – Women bearers! – They’re capable. | – 妇女! – 她们能胜任的 |
[1:40:32] | He says it’s dangerous to spend the night here. | 他说在这里过夜很危险 |
[1:40:35] | There’s an enemy post three miles away | 3里外有个日军岗哨 |
[1:40:37] | so we’ll have to sleep in the jungle. | 所以我们要在森林里睡觉了 |
[1:40:39] | – What about Chapman? – Yai will bury him and his chute. | – 查普曼怎么办? – Yai会把他和伞埋起来 |
[1:40:44] | Is there something wrong? | 有什么问题吗? |
[1:40:47] | I was just thinking. You speak Yai’s language. I don’t. | 我正在想你会说他们的语言 而我不会 |
[1:40:52] | He’s going to lead you to the river by a route I never took. | 他要带路走我从未走过的路 |
[1:40:56] | Will someone tell me why I’m so indispensable to this outfit? | 那么还要我来干什么呢? |
[1:41:00] | I know how you feel, but there’s always the unexpected, isn’t there? | 我知道你的感受 但事情总有万一 对不对? |
[1:41:05] | Tell that to Chapman. | 和查普曼讲万一吧 |
[1:41:07] | Let’s get cracking! | 我们开始行动吧! |
[1:44:13] | You’re lovely. | 你很可爱 |
[1:44:17] | Lovely. | 可 爱 |
[1:44:18] | Be happy in your work! | 工作愉快! |
[1:44:21] | Yes, sir. | 是 长官 |
[1:44:50] | Leeches. | 蚂蝗 |
[1:44:51] | Leeches. | 蚂蝗 |
[1:45:08] | She’s telling you to hold still. | 她让你别动 |
[1:45:10] | She’ll take the leeches off your back. | 她会把你背上的蚂蝗弄下来 |
[1:45:13] | What’s a girl like you doing in a place like this? | 象你这样的女孩怎么能在这种地方呢? |
[1:45:15] | I’ll teach you to say that in Siamese. | 我会教你说暹罗语 |
[1:45:18] | No, that would spoil it. Too much talk always spoils it. | 不 太多的交谈会坏事 |
[1:45:22] | What’s wrong with that thing? | 那玩意儿怎么了? |
[1:45:24] | It’s taken an awful beating. I can’t get a strong signal. | 信号太弱了 |
[1:45:27] | I’ll tell you. It’s wet, mildewed! | 因为这里又湿又霉! |
[1:45:31] | Like everything else in this jungle. | 雨林里所有的一切都是这样 |
[1:45:33] | You might as well dump it! | 你最好把它扔掉! |
[1:45:40] | This is Radio Tokyo signing off. | 这里是东京电台 广播结束 |
[1:45:42] | This is your friendliest enemy reminding you to take it easy… | 提醒您不要紧张… |
[1:45:47] | …and never volunteer for anything. | …不要盲动 |
[1:46:03] | If we stay, we’ll be up to our necks. | 如果我们还呆在这里 我们就出不去了 |
[1:46:05] | – I’ve got it all decoded, sir. – Read it! | – 就快译好了 长官 – 快读! |
[1:46:07] | Yes, sir. “One, original bridge works reported abandoned. | 是 长官 “1 原来说的大桥已经不再建了 |
[1:46:12] | New construction downstream from first site. | 在原址下游的地方 在建新的大桥 |
[1:46:14] | Two, enemy intends to open railway with passage of special train… | 2 敌人想在通车典礼上从曼谷到仰光 |
[1:46:19] | …Bangkok for Rangoon with troops and V.I.P. | 开出一列专列…满载军队和重要人物 |
[1:46:22] | Estimated to arrive target, a.m. 1 3th. | 估计在13号上午到达目的地 |
[1:46:25] | Three, synchronize demolition with passage of train. | 3 同时要炸掉专列 |
[1:46:28] | Four, good hunting. Have fun.” That’s all. | 4 好好干 玩的开心” 就是这些 |
[1:46:32] | A train and a bridge! | 一列火车和一座大桥! |
[1:46:34] | Can we get there in time, sir? | 我们能及时赶到那里吗 长官? |
[1:46:36] | Yai says we’re two to three days away. | Yai说我们还有2- 3天的路程 |
[1:46:39] | If we set a faster pace, | 如果我们快走的话 |
[1:46:40] | we could make it before sundown on the 1 2th. | 我们会在12号日落前赶到那里 |
[1:46:43] | It’s worth it for the train. | 搭上一列火车 很值 |
[1:46:45] | Oh, by all means. Good hunting. Good show. | 好 我们要尽一切办法 好好干 玩的开心 |
[1:46:49] | Jolly good fun. Jolly good. | 玩的开心 干得很好 |
[1:46:52] | If you hadn’t fixed the radio, | 如果你没有修好收音机 |
[1:46:53] | we wouldn’t know about the train. | 我们就不会知道还有一列火车 |
[1:46:56] | There’s always the unexpected, isn’t there? | 总有万一 对不对? |
[1:47:23] | – Half a pint, sir. – Quinine. | – 半品脱 长官 – 奎宁 |
[1:47:28] | Well, we’ll complete this later. | 嗯 我们回头再弄 |
[1:47:31] | – Clipton, we’re facing a crisis. – Yes, sir? | – 柯林普顿 我们遇到一个问题 – 是吗 长官? |
[1:47:36] | I spoke with Reeves and Hughes. | 我与里夫和休斯谈过 |
[1:47:38] | We can’t finish the bridge on time. | 我们不可能及时建好大桥 |
[1:47:40] | We haven’t the manpower. | 我们人力不够 |
[1:47:42] | I’ve asked the officers to help, but that won’t do it. | 我已经请指挥官参加劳动 但是还不够 |
[1:47:45] | The officers are working? | 指挥官也在干活? |
[1:47:47] | I explained the situation and they volunteered, | 我解释了情况 他们志愿参加 |
[1:47:50] | but it’s not enough. | 但是人还不够 |
[1:47:51] | Why not ask Saito for some men? | 为什么不向 Saito要求一些人? |
[1:47:53] | This is ours. We’ll make the most of our resources. | 这是我们的任务 要用我们自己最大的资源 |
[1:47:57] | That’s why I came to talk to you. The sick list. | 这就是我为什么来和你谈 我要病人名单 |
[1:48:00] | There’s not a man in this hospital who doesn’t belong there. | 这里都是病人 |
[1:48:04] | It’s no reflection on you, | 我并不是责备你 |
[1:48:06] | but there are always a few malingerers. | 但总有一些人要装病 |
[1:48:09] | Keep an open mind, that’s all I ask. | 保持警惕 这就是我要说的 |
[1:48:11] | Come along, let’s see. | 过来 我们来看看 |
[1:48:15] | Don’t move, don’t move. | 别动 别动 |
[1:48:20] | What’s wrong with Haskins? | Haskins什么病? |
[1:48:22] | Amoebic dysentery and black water fever. Temperature of 1 04. | 阿米巴痢疾和发烧 104度 |
[1:48:26] | Right. I see. | 好的 我知道了 |
[1:48:31] | And this man? | 这个人呢? |
[1:48:32] | Leg ulcers. | 腿部溃疡 |
[1:48:33] | I may be able to save it if I do more cutting tonight. | 如果我昨天多切一点的话 就可以保住这条腿 |
[1:48:36] | Want to send him out to work? | 要把他派去劳动吗? |
[1:48:38] | Don’t talk rot, Clipton. | 不许胡说八道 柯林普顿 |
[1:48:45] | That man there? | 那个人呢? |
[1:48:46] | His arm’s infected. | 胳膊感染 |
[1:48:47] | Most of their wounds won’t heal properly. | 这些人的伤大多数都不会彻底痊愈 |
[1:48:50] | I wonder if fresh air and light duties | 我在想 新鲜空气和轻微的劳动 |
[1:48:53] | might do more than being cooped up. | 会比关在这笼子里好些 |
[1:48:55] | – Light duties? – It’s not our policy to keep a man… | – 轻微的劳动? – 因为擦伤胳膊就把他放在这里… |
[1:48:58] | – …just because he scratched his arm. – Not our policy? | – 不符合我们的原则 – 不符合我们的原则? |
[1:49:03] | A man may not be on top of his form, but he can still be useful. | 即使状态不佳 但是还是可以利用的 |
[1:49:07] | Trimmings and finishing jobs. Stand easy, Baker. | 比如清理焊缝啦 收拾现场啦 稍息 贝克 |
[1:49:11] | Do you feel up to doing a little light work on the bridge? | 你想去桥上做些轻微的工作吗? |
[1:49:16] | – Anything you say, sir. – Good show. | – 随您吩咐 长官 – 很好 |
[1:49:20] | You? Nothing difficult. | 你呢? 有困难吗 |
[1:49:21] | – I’ll try, sir. – Good man. | – 我会尽力 长官 – 好样的 |
[1:49:26] | Look here, men. | 同志们 不言而喻 |
[1:49:27] | It goes without saying that I’m proud of all of you. | 我以你们为荣 |
[1:49:31] | But we’re facing a crisis. | 但是 我们现在遇到困难 |
[1:49:33] | For those of you who feel up to it… | 如果你们觉得自己能行的话 |
[1:49:35] | …how about lending us a hand? | 能援助我们一下吗? |
[1:49:37] | Fetch and carry, paint here and there? | 做一些力所能及的事情 搬搬弄弄 涂涂抹抹? |
[1:49:40] | What do you say? | 怎么样? |
[1:49:41] | – Yes, sir. – Good show. Come on, follow me. | – 是的 长官 – 好样的 跟我来吧 |
[1:51:28] | Ten minutes. | 10分钟 |
[1:53:27] | Make sure they’re all dead. | 要确认他们全都死了 |
[1:53:32] | Come on, Joyce. | 跟我来 乔伊斯 |
[1:53:36] | Use your knife or we’ll be shooting each other. | 用匕首 否则我们会打到自己人 |
[1:53:50] | Go that way, Joyce. | 走那边 乔伊斯 |
[1:56:01] | I could have done it. I was ready. | 我可以干掉他的 我已经准备好了 |
[1:56:08] | Are you hit, sir? | 你受伤了 长官? |
[1:56:10] | Let’s go. | 走 |
[1:56:32] | It’s superficial. Maybe a chipped bone, but nothing broken. | 只是表面伤 不会有骨折 |
[1:56:36] | – It’s my fault, sir. – Oh, shut up. | – 是我的错 长官 – 噢 住嘴 |
[1:56:39] | I can walk on it. That’s all that counts. | 我可以走的不很严重 |
[1:56:41] | Yeah, but how far and how fast? | 是啊 但是还有多远 我们能走多快呢? |
[1:56:43] | We won’t know that till I’ve tried it, will we? | 不试不知道 对不对? |
[1:59:59] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[2:00:01] | I didn’t give orders for a halt. | 我没有命令停止 |
[2:00:03] | We all need it. | 我们都需要休息一下 |
[2:00:08] | We’re still five hours’ fast march from the objective. | 我们还要5小时急行军才能到达目标 |
[2:00:12] | Maybe six. | 也许要6小时 |
[2:00:15] | Come on. | 快 |
[2:00:16] | If you keep walking, you’ll bleed to death. | 如果你一直走的话 你会流血不止而死的 |
[2:00:26] | – You’re going to leave me here. – If you stop, we stop. | – 你们必须把我留在这里 – 你停下来 我们就停下来 |
[2:00:30] | You can’t study the layout of the bridge after dark. | 你不可能在夜里研究大桥的结构 |
[2:00:33] | You’ve got to get there before sundown. | 你们必须在日落前赶到那里 |
[2:00:35] | But, sir, when the job’s done, | 但是 长官 任务结束后 |
[2:00:38] | who knows if we can return by this route… | 我们不能保证顺这条路返回… |
[2:00:40] | …or whether we could find you if we did? | 即使我们走这条路 也不能保证找到你 |
[2:00:43] | If you were me, | 如果我是你的话 |
[2:00:43] | I wouldn’t hesitate to leave you and you know that. | 我就一点也不犹豫就会离开你 |
[2:00:47] | He doesn’t know, but I do. | 他不知道 但是我知道 |
[2:00:48] | You’d leave your own mother here | 你会把你妈妈抛弃在这里的 |
[2:00:50] | if the rules called for it. | 如果规则要求这样的话 |
[2:00:52] | You’ll go on without me. That’s an order. | 你们必须继续前进这是命令 |
[2:00:56] | You’re in command now, Shears. | 舍尔斯 现在由你来指挥 |
[2:01:01] | I won’t obey that order. | 我不遵守这条命令 |
[2:01:03] | Your heroics make me sick. | 你的英雄主义让我恶心 |
[2:01:05] | You carry the stench of death like the plague. | 你们都带着死亡的臭气 |
[2:01:08] | Explosives and L- pills go well together. | 爆炸 L药片 |
[2:01:11] | It’s one thing or the other. | 不是这个 就是那个 |
[2:01:12] | Destroy a bridge or destroy yourself. | 要么毁掉大桥 要么毁掉自己 |
[2:01:15] | This is just a game, this war. | 这场战争只是个游戏 |
[2:01:16] | You and that Colonel Nicholson. | 你和那个尼科尔森上校 |
[2:01:18] | You’re crazy with courage. For what? | 都有疯狂的勇气 为了什么? |
[2:01:21] | How to die like a gentleman, | 怎样才能死的象个绅士 |
[2:01:22] | how to die by the rules… | 怎样死才符合规矩… |
[2:01:24] | …when the only important thing is how to live like a human being! | 而问题是 要怎样才能象个人一样活着! |
[2:01:32] | I’m not gonna leave you here to die, Warden… | 我不会让你死在这里的 华登… |
[2:01:36] | …because I don’t care about your bridge | 因为我才不管你那个什么大桥 |
[2:01:38] | or about your rules. | 或者你的什么规则 |
[2:01:40] | If we go on, we go on together. | 如果我们继续前进 我们就一块走 |
[2:01:46] | Good old Yai. | 老Yai 干得好 |
[2:01:59] | All right. | 好的 |
[2:02:11] | Come on. | 快过来 |
[2:03:02] | Let’s get closer. | 我们走近些 |
[2:03:23] | Still sorry we brought you along? | 还在耿耿于怀我们带你一起来吗? |
[2:03:27] | – Feeling better? – Yeah. | – 感觉好点了吗? – 是的 |
[2:03:29] | You’re in command again, you know. | 现在还由你指挥 |
[2:03:31] | Thank you, major. | 谢谢 上校 |
[2:03:34] | I can’t understand it. | 真奇怪 |
[2:03:35] | It’s such a solid, well- designed job. | 这是一座坚固的 设计得很好的大桥 |
[2:03:42] | Not like the bridges the enemy usually throws together. | 并不象敌人一贯拼凑的那种东西 |
[2:03:45] | Look. | 看 |
[2:03:48] | Those poor devils down there. | 下面那些可怜的小鬼子 |
[2:03:50] | Imagine being forced to build that | 可以想象他们被逼着 |
[2:03:52] | in the condition they must be in. | 在这样的条件下建桥的情景 |
[2:03:55] | They’ve got a British officer working on his knees. | 还有英国军官在地上工作 |
[2:03:59] | The Japanese seem to be enjoying it too. | 小日本好像很高兴 |
[2:04:02] | If he knew we were here, | 如果他知道我们在这里 |
[2:04:03] | it might boost his morale. | 肯定可以鼓舞他的士气 |
[2:04:24] | If not for the train, | 如果不是也要炸那火车 |
[2:04:25] | we could set a time fuse and be miles away. | 我们就可以设置个定时炸弹 然后跑到几里之外 |
[2:04:28] | Since we don’t know what time it’ll cross tomorrow… | 我们不知道火车明天什么时间通过这里… |
[2:04:31] | …we’ll have to do the job manually. | 我们不得不手动引爆炸药 |
[2:04:34] | We’ll set the charges against the piles… | 我们可以把炸药填在桥墩3尺水面下 |
[2:04:37] | …about three feet underwater, I should think… | 我想… |
[2:04:40] | …and run the main wire downstream to the plunger. | 把主线缆布到下游引爆者那里 |
[2:04:45] | The problem is where to hide it. | 问题是引爆者应该藏在哪里? |
[2:04:53] | Our side of the river is obviously used by the Japanese. | 我们这一边河流很显然被日军占用 |
[2:04:56] | They’d spot it at once. | 他们一眼就能发现 |
[2:05:02] | Look. Do you see those fallen tree trunks? | 看 你们看到那些树段和下面的岩石了吗? |
[2:05:06] | And the grey rock just below them on that little beach? | 在那边的小沙滩上? |
[2:05:09] | Yes, sir, I see them. | 是的 长官 我看到他们了 |
[2:05:11] | That’s our key position. | 那里就是我们的引爆位置 |
[2:05:14] | The wrong side of the river… | 虽然在河的那边… |
[2:05:16] | …but it’s the only hiding place within feasible distance. | …但是是在有效距离内唯一的藏身之处 |
[2:05:21] | As soon as the bridge goes up… | 当桥被引爆之后… |
[2:05:23] | …whoever’s there will have to swim back. | …那个人必须游回来 |
[2:05:26] | It won’t be a pleasant swim. | 这样游泳可不好受 |
[2:05:29] | Sir, I was the best swimmer in my course. | 长官 我的游泳技术是最好的 |
[2:05:34] | It looks like your line of country, then. | 看来只能是你了 |
[2:05:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[2:05:38] | Shears, pick a spot on our side of the bank where you can cover Joyce. | 舍尔斯 在这个岸边找个地方掩护乔伊斯 |
[2:05:42] | Yai will be with you so you can occupy the Nips… | Yai会和你一起 当小日本发现乔伊斯时 |
[2:05:45] | …if they make trouble for Joyce. | 你们可以帮助他 |
[2:05:47] | On the theory that there’s always one more thing… | 理论上总有万一… |
[2:05:50] | …l’ll set up the mortar here to create an additional diversion. | 我也会在这边用迫击炮牵制他们的 |
[2:05:55] | Perhaps I might even take a few potshots at the train. | 甚至我还可以对火车来几下 |
[2:05:58] | All clear? | 都明白了吗? |
[2:06:00] | Any questions? | 还有问题吗? |
[2:06:01] | Right, you’ll start as soon as it’s dark. | 好的 你天一黑就行动 |
[2:06:03] | They’re sure to have sentries on the bridge… | 他们肯定在桥上有岗哨… |
[2:06:06] | …so you’ll have to float the stuff down from upriver… | 所以你必须从上游把炸药送过去 |
[2:06:11] | …which means building a raft. | 也就是说 要扎一个筏子 |
[2:06:19] | Yai will take three women to help you. | Yai会带3个妇女帮助你 |
[2:06:21] | One will stay here with me. | 还有一个要和我呆在一起 |
[2:06:23] | All right, get cracking! | 好 开始行动! |
[2:06:30] | You know, if it wasn’t for my ankle, | 你知道 如果不是脚踝受伤 |
[2:06:32] | I’d take Joyce’s assignment. | 乔伊斯的任务就是我的了 |
[2:06:35] | You think he’ll be all right? | 你认为他行吗? |
[2:06:37] | I think so. Want me to handle it? | 我觉得可以 要我来处理吗? |
[2:06:40] | I’d let you stay up here with the mortar if I could. | 如果可以的话 我会让你和迫击炮呆在一起 |
[2:06:43] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[2:06:45] | When it’s over, I hope you get that medical discharge… | 结束之后 我希望你能得到病休… |
[2:06:48] | …and not the hard way. | 而且是毫不困难地得到 |
[2:06:50] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[2:07:30] | Load. | 装弹 |
[2:08:37] | Beautiful. | 真漂亮 |
[2:08:39] | Yes, beautiful. | 是的 很漂亮 |
[2:08:41] | A first- rate job. | 一流的工程 |
[2:08:43] | I had no idea it would turn out so well. | 我从未想到会做得这么好 |
[2:08:51] | Yes, a beautiful creation. | 是啊 干得很漂亮 |
[2:08:54] | I’ve been thinking…. | 我一直在想… |
[2:08:57] | Tomorrow it will be 28 years to the day that I’ve been in the service. | 明天就是我服役28年 |
[2:09:02] | Twenty- eight years in peace and war. | 28年的和平与战争 |
[2:09:06] | I haven’t been at home more than ten months in all that time. | 我呆在家里的时间不超过10个月 |
[2:09:10] | Still, it’s been a good life. | 当然 这仍然是完美的人生 |
[2:09:14] | I love lndia. | 我热爱印度 |
[2:09:17] | I wouldn’t have had it any other way. | 我不可能从头再来 |
[2:09:21] | But there are times…. | 但是 有时候… |
[2:09:25] | Suddenly you realize you are nearer the end than the beginning. | 突然你会意识到你又回到了起点 |
[2:09:30] | And you wonder…. | 而你感到彷徨… |
[2:09:33] | You ask yourself… | 你问自己… |
[2:09:36] | …what the sum total of your life represents… | …人生的意义是什么… |
[2:09:41] | …what difference your being there at any time made to anything… | …这样和那样又有什么差别… |
[2:09:45] | …or if it made any difference at all, really. | …其实并没有什么差别… |
[2:09:49] | Particularly in comparison with other men’s careers. | 与其他的职业比起来 |
[2:09:53] | I don’t know if that kind of thinking’s healthy… | 我不知道这样想是否正确的… |
[2:09:56] | …but I must admit that | 但是我必须承认 |
[2:09:58] | I’ve had some thoughts on those lines from time to time. | 我一直在思考这些问题 |
[2:10:05] | But tonight…. | 但 今晚… |
[2:10:08] | Tonight…. | 今晚… |
[2:10:13] | Blast. | 糟糕 |
[2:10:22] | I must be off. | 我得走了 |
[2:10:26] | The men are preparing some sort of entertainment. | 他们在准备一些娱乐活动 |
[2:11:16] | Lovely. | 真可爱 |
[2:13:26] | If you were the only | 如果你是 |
[2:13:30] | Girl in the world | 世上唯一的女孩 |
[2:13:33] | And you were the only boy | 你是世上唯一男孩 |
[2:13:38] | Nothing else would matter | 其他的一切都不重要 |
[2:13:41] | In the world today | 在今天 |
[2:13:44] | We could go on loving | 我们要相爱 |
[2:13:47] | In the same old way | 用古老的方式 |
[2:13:51] | A Garden of Eden just made for two | 伊甸园只是为两个人而建 |
[2:18:30] | I’m sure I speak for all of us… | 我代表大家说几句… |
[2:18:32] | …when I say this has been a most enjoyable evening. | 这是一个愉快的夜晚 |
[2:18:36] | Most of you move on tomorrow to a new camp | 明天你们大多数都要转移到一个新的战俘营 |
[2:18:40] | and new construction. | 开始新的工作 |
[2:18:42] | It’s a pity you won’t see the first practical use of this bridge. | 很遗憾 你们看不到大桥的首次使用 |
[2:18:47] | You’ll be glad to know that the completion… | 你们会很高兴的知道这座大桥 |
[2:18:50] | …of this link in the railway… | 所连接的铁路 |
[2:18:52] | …will enable us to transport the sick and disabled… | 可以让我们用火车来 |
[2:18:56] | …to the new camp by train. | 把伤病员运输到新的营地 |
[2:19:00] | Colonel Saito has kindly permitted me to stay behind… | Saito上校善意的允许 |
[2:19:03] | …with Major Clipton and the sick men… | 我和柯林普顿上校留在最后 |
[2:19:06] | …and we’ll rejoin you in a few days’ time. | 几天后 我们就会会合 |
[2:19:12] | Now that your work here is finished… | 现在你们这里的工作已经结束了 |
[2:19:15] | …l suppose many of you feel somewhat let down. | 我想你们有很多人会松弛下来 |
[2:19:20] | That’s quite understandable. | 这完全可以理解 |
[2:19:22] | It’s a very natural reaction. | 这是很自然的反应 |
[2:19:27] | But one day, in a week, a month, a year… | 但是某年某月某周某天 |
[2:19:31] | …on that day when, God willing, | 在那一天 上帝保佑 |
[2:19:32] | we all return to our homes again… | 我们全部回到自己的家乡 |
[2:19:35] | …you’re going to feel very proud of what you’ve achieved here… | 你会对自己在这里的工作感到自豪 |
[2:19:41] | …in the face of great adversity. | 尽管在如此巨大的逆境中 |
[2:19:45] | What you have done should be… | 你们所做的 |
[2:19:48] | …and I think will be… | 我想会是 |
[2:19:50] | …an example to all our countrymen, soldier and civilian alike. | 我们国民 战士和市民的榜样 |
[2:19:56] | You have survived with honour. | 你们光荣地生存下来 |
[2:19:59] | That, and more. | 另外 |
[2:20:02] | Here in the wilderness… | 在这个蛮荒之地 |
[2:20:05] | …you have turned defeat into victory. | 你们转败为胜 |
[2:20:11] | I congratulate you. | 我祝贺你们 |
[2:20:14] | Well done. | 干得不错 |
[2:20:20] | To the king. | 为了国王 |
[2:23:04] | You’re in business. | 你现在就位了 |
[2:23:05] | Now, you got everything? | 还差什么吗? |
[2:23:07] | Stem, ammunition, pack, canteen, knife. | 树干 弹药 背包 水壶 匕首 |
[2:23:11] | I’ll be directly across the river. | 我会直接穿过河流 |
[2:23:15] | The professor says there’s always one more thing to do. | 教授说 总要以防万一 |
[2:23:19] | I can’t think of what it could be. | 但我想不起来要防什么 |
[2:23:22] | Except to wish you a long and happy life. | 除了祝你长命百岁 |
[2:23:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[2:25:42] | What’s happened? | 发生了什么事情? |
[2:25:49] | The river’s gone down. | 水位降低了 |
[2:26:13] | You can see the wire. | 可以看到电线了 |
[2:26:15] | The charges! | 炸药包! |
[2:28:25] | Don’t wait for the train. | 别等火车了 |
[2:28:28] | Do it now! | 现在引爆! |
[2:28:56] | If Saito is correct, | 如果Saito是对的 |
[2:28:58] | the train will arrive in 5 or 1 0 minutes. | 火车在5到10分钟后就会过来 |
[2:29:00] | If you don’t mind, I’ll watch from up on the hill. | 如果你不介意 我想从山顶上看 |
[2:29:03] | Why? It’s better from the bridge. | 为什么? 从桥上最好 |
[2:29:06] | It’s hard to explain, sir. | 很难解释 先生 |
[2:29:07] | I’d rather not be a part of it. | 我不想成为这典礼的一部分 |
[2:29:09] | As you please. | 随你 |
[2:29:10] | Honestly, sometimes I don’t understand you at all. | 说真的 有时我真不了解你 |
[2:29:14] | As you once said, sir, | 如你所说 |
[2:29:16] | I’ve got a lot to learn about the army. | 长官 我还要好好学习战争 |
[2:29:25] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[2:29:27] | River’s gone down in the night. | 夜里水位降低了 |
[2:31:14] | What’s he doing? | 他在干什么? |
[2:32:02] | Colonel, there’s something rather odd going on. | 上校 有古怪 |
[2:32:05] | I think we better have a look around | 我认为在火车到来之前 |
[2:32:07] | before that train comes across. | 我们应该检查一下 |
[2:33:08] | He’s gone mad. | 他简直疯了 |
[2:33:09] | He’s leading him right to it! | 他把他带到那里去了! |
[2:33:12] | Our own man! | 可是我们自己人! |
[2:33:57] | I was right. There is something going on. | 我是对的 有古怪 |
[2:34:55] | You’ve got to do it, boy! You’ve got to do it now! | 干掉他 孩子! |
[2:35:02] | Have you a knife? | 你有刀子吗? |
[2:35:04] | I just realized the bridge has been mined! | 我认为大桥被下了炸药了! |
[2:35:06] | Mined! | 炸药! |
[2:35:07] | Mined! | 炸药! |
[2:35:14] | Good boy! | 好小子! |
[2:35:20] | British officer! Here to blow up the bridge. | 英军指挥官! 我来炸掉大桥 |
[2:35:23] | Blow up the bridge! | 炸掉大桥! |
[2:35:25] | Yes, sir. British commando orders. | 对 长官 英军指挥部的命令 |
[2:35:28] | – Blow up the bridge?! – Yes. There’s no time! | – 炸掉大桥?! – 是的 没有时间了! |
[2:35:30] | No, no! Help! | 不 不行! 救命! |
[2:35:40] | Kill him! Kill him! | 杀掉他! 杀掉他! |
[2:35:43] | Let me go, sir! You don’t understand! | 让我走 长官! 你不明白! |
[2:35:46] | Kill him! Kill him! | 杀掉他! 杀掉他! |
[2:35:59] | Kill him, Joyce! | 杀掉他 乔伊斯! |
[2:36:55] | You! | 你! |
[2:36:57] | You! | 你! |
[2:37:12] | What have I done? | 我干了什么? |
[2:38:23] | Madness! | 疯了! |
[2:38:37] | I had to do it! | 我必须这样做! |
[2:38:40] | I had to do it. | 我必须这样做! |
[2:38:41] | They might have been captured alive! | 他们会被活捉的! |
[2:38:43] | It was the only thing to do! | 我只能那样做! |
[2:39:22] | Madness! | 疯了! |
[2:39:26] | Madness! | 疯了! |