英文名称:The Blind Side
年代:2009
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:32] | There’s a moment of orderly silence before a football play begins. | 比赛开始前的沉寂 |
[00:36] | Players are in position, linemen are frozen, | 球员各就各位 锋卫蓄势待发 |
[00:39] | and anything’s possible. | 一切皆有可能 |
[00:40] | TV commentary | |
[00:45] | Then, like a traffic accident, staff begins to randomly collide. | 像交通事故一样 球员撞在一起 |
[00:50] | From the snap of the ball to the snap of the first bone | 从接到球到听到骨头断裂 |
[00:53] | is closer to four seconds than five. | 也就4秒钟的时间 |
[00:56] | TV commentary | |
[01:04] | One Mississippi. | 第一秒 |
[01:05] | Joe Theismann, the Redskins quarterback | Joe Theismann 华盛顿红皮人队的四分卫 |
[01:08] | takes the snap and hands off to his running back. | 抱起球传给他的跑锋 |
[01:10] | TV commentary | |
[01:12] | Two Mississippi. | 第二秒 |
[01:13] | It’s a trick play, a flea flicker, | 这是flea flicker战术(橄榄球中的一种进攻战术) |
[01:16] | and the running back tosses the ball back to the quarterback. | 跑锋再将球传回给四分卫 |
[01:19] | TV commentary | |
[01:22] | Three Mississippi. | 第三秒 |
[01:23] | Up to now the play’s been defined by the what the quarterback sees. | 直到现在还是由四分卫掌握比赛 |
[01:27] | It’s about to be defined by what he doesn’t. | 但马上就不再是了 |
[01:31] | Four Mississippi. | 第四秒 |
[01:33] | Lawrence Taylor is the best defensive player in the NFL | Lawrence Taylor是NFL的最佳防守球员 |
[01:36] | and has been from the time he stepped onto the field as a rookie. | 自从一个菜鸟踏上球场起 |
[01:40] | TV commentary | |
[01:43] | TV commentary | |
[01:48] | He will also change the game of football as we know it. | 如我们所知道的他也改变了橄榄球 |
[01:52] | …And we’ll look at it with the reverse angle one more time. | 让我们换个角度再看一遍 |
[01:54] | And I suggest if your stomach is weak you just don’t watch … | 但我建议如果你的胃不够强壮的话 还是不看为妙 |
[01:58] | Legendary quarterback Joe Thiessman never played another down of football. | 传奇四分卫Joe Thiessman的职业生涯从此结束 |
[02:04] | Now, y’all would guess that more often than not | 你们都知道 |
[02:07] | the highest paid player on an NFL team is the quarterback. | 在NFL球队里收入最高的就是四分卫 |
[02:10] | And you’d be right. | 你是对的 |
[02:12] | What you probably don’t know is that more often than not | 但你们也许不知道的是 |
[02:15] | the second highest paid player is, thanks to Lawrence Taylor, | 由于Lawernce Taylor的原因 收入第二高的是 |
[02:18] | a left tackle. | 左边锋 |
[02:20] | Because, as every housewife knows, | 像每个家庭主妇都知道的 |
[02:22] | the first check you write is for the mortgage | 你所签的第一张支票是为了按揭 |
[02:24] | but the second is for the insurance. | 第二张就是为了保险 |
[02:27] | And the left tackle’s job is to protect the quarterback | 左边锋的任务就是保护四分卫 |
[02:29] | form what he can’t see coming. To protect his blind side. | 避免他看不见的球员冲过来 保护他的弱点 |
[02:33] | The ideal left tackle is big, but a lot od people are big. | 最理想的左边锋是需要大块头 但大部分人都是很大块的 |
[02:37] | He is wide in the butt and massive in the thighs. | 他需要有粗壮的大腿 和一个大屁股 |
[02:40] | He has long arms, giant hands and feet as quick as a hiccup. | 长臂 大手 和快速的移动 |
[02:46] | This is a rare and expensive combination | 这是一个罕见的组合 |
[02:49] | the need for which can be traced to that Monday night game | 这样的需求可以追溯到周一晚上的那场比赛 |
[02:52] | and Lawrence Taylor. | 和 Lawrence Taylor |
[02:54] | For on that day he not only altered Joe Theismann’s life, | 从那天起他 不仅仅改变了Joe Theismann的生活 |
[02:59] | but mine as well. | 也改变了我的 |
[03:07] | Mr. Oher? | |
[03:09] | Mr. Oher? | |
[03:11] | Do you understand..? Do you know why I’m here? | 你知道为什么我来这吗? |
[03:15] | To… investigate? | 来…调查? |
[03:17] | Yes. To investigate. | 对 我是来调查来的 |
[03:20] | Im here to investigate your odd… predicament. | 我来这 是来调查你奇怪的情况 |
[03:25] | Do you find the odd? Your predicament? | 你感觉到什么不一样吗? 你现在的处境 |
[03:30] | Michael?… | |
[03:32] | Iono. [I don’t know] | 我不知道 |
[03:35] | Can I… can I leave now? | 我能 … 我能走了吗? |
[03:37] | No. You can’t. | 不行 |
[04:04] | # Strange face, with your eyes # | |
[04:09] | # So pale and sincere # | |
[04:14] | # Underneath, you know well # | |
[04:19] | # You have nothing to fear # | |
[04:26] | # For the dreams that came to you # | |
[04:30] | # when you were young # | |
[04:36] | # Told of a life where # | |
[04:41] | # Spring has crawled # | |
[04:55] | # You would seem so frail # | |
[05:01] | # In the cold of the night # | |
[05:05] | # When the armies of emotion # | |
[05:11] | # Go out to fight # | |
[05:17] | # But while the earth # | |
[05:21] | # sinks to its grave # | |
[05:27] | # You sail to the sky # | |
[05:31] | # On the crest of a wave # | |
[05:48] | They say you the coach. | 他们说你是这的教练 |
[05:51] | Bert Cotton. | |
[05:53] | Tony Hamilton, but everybody just calls me big Tony. | Tony Hamilton 但大家都叫我big Tony |
[06:01] | Hey, Big Mike! Check it out. | Hey, Big Mike! 看这 |
[06:05] | Not even locked! | 都没锁起来 |
[06:08] | White people are crazy. | 白人真疯狂 |
[06:14] | I promises my mama Boo, on her deathbed | 在我母亲临死前 我向她保证过 |
[06:17] | that I’d get my son Steven outta public school and into a church school. | 我会把我的儿子Steven 从公立学校带到教会学校的 |
[06:21] | I appreciate that, Tony. But I’m not involved with admissions. | 这我很欣赏 但是我不参加学校的录取工作 |
[06:25] | This figured maybe I’d come to talk to you, | 所以我认为应该和你谈谈 |
[06:28] | seeing as you might need some players. | 看来你也许需要一些球员 |
[06:31] | What kind of sport is he playing? | 他是打什么运动的? |
[06:33] | Anything with a ball. Boy’s good, too. | 任何和球有关的运动都行,他也是个好孩子 |
[06:36] | Classes start in a week. It would have to be for the next semester. | 还有一个礼拜就开课了 他不得不下个学期再来了 |
[06:40] | I know, what you’re thinking, Coach. But, look here, I got money, alright? | 我知道你是怎么想的,教练 看,我不缺钱 |
[06:45] | See I’m mechanic at Wilson’s Auto t’other side of town. | 看 我在镇对面的Wilson车行当机械师 |
[06:49] | Look, what if somebody drops out or moves? | 看 如果有人退出 或 走了呢? |
[06:52] | Could they get in then? | 他们能进来吗? |
[06:54] | “They?” You only mentioned one son. | “他们” 你只提起了个一个孩子 |
[06:57] | That’s right, Steven. But there’s another boy. | 对 就Steven 但这还有另一个孩子 |
[07:01] | – Another boy? – Yeah. | 另一个孩子 是的 |
[07:07] | Big Mike. | |
[07:08] | Sleeps on my coach from time to time. | 一直睡在我的沙发上 |
[07:10] | It’s a bad deal. You know, his mama’s on the crack pipe. | 这是一个很糟的事 你知道 他的妈妈吸毒 |
[07:13] | He ain’t got nobody else. | 他没有别的亲人了 |
[07:15] | He just wanted to come along for the ride. | 他只是想一起过来这 |
[07:17] | – They’re here? – Yeah. | 他们在这里? 是的 |
[07:20] | The little one is Steven | 小个子的是Steven |
[07:23] | and the big one… | 而大个子的就是… |
[07:25] | Big Mike. | |
[07:35] | Switch! | |
[07:39] | Mike! | |
[07:43] | Come on! | |
[07:51] | Mother of God…. | 我的苍天啊… |
[07:55] | Steven Hamilton’s paperwork looks acceptable to me. | Steven Hamilton的功课看起来还行 |
[07:57] | And I believe he would do fine. | 我相信他没问题 |
[08:00] | – But this other kid… – Big Mike. Big Mike | 但是另一个孩子吗… |
[08:02] | Michael Oher gives us no reason to believe it, | Michael Oher 我们没有理由相信 |
[08:06] | based on his record, that he would be successful here. | 根据他的成绩 估计不行 |
[08:09] | How bad could it be? | 能够有多坏? |
[08:11] | We’re not exactly sure how old he is due to lack of records. | 由于他缺少记录 我们不知道他多大了 |
[08:14] | He has a measured IQ of 80. Which is 6th percentile. | 他的智商是80 第6个等级(智力有些缺陷) (一共7个等级) |
[08:18] | His grade point average begins with zero. | 他的平均成绩是零点几开头的 |
[08:21] | Zero-point-six. 0.6 | |
[08:22] | Everyone passed him along | 没有人要他 |
[08:25] | they gave him D’s so they could hand their problem off to the next school. | 他们给了他一个D 完了把所有问题留给下一个学校 |
[08:30] | It’s a brave kid. | 他是一个勇敢的孩子 |
[08:34] | For wanting to come here. | 他想来到这里 |
[08:36] | For wanting a quality education. | 想要一个好的教育 |
[08:39] | An education denied him by the poor quality of the schools he’s attended. | 学校不要他就由于他过去在烂学校 |
[08:43] | I tell you most kids with his background | 我告诉你们 大部分和他一样背景的孩子 |
[08:45] | wouldn’t come within two hundred miles of this place. | 不会从200公里那么远来这里 |
[08:47] | Coach Cotton, we understand your interest in this young man’s athletic abilities. | Cotton教练 我们理解你对这个年轻人的运动天赋感兴趣 |
[08:53] | Now, he wouldn’t be able to play sports until he got his grades up anyway. | 现在 他不能参加任何体育运动 直到他的成绩合格才行 |
[08:56] | Forget sports! | 忘了体育吧! |
[08:58] | Look at the wall. | 看看这面墙 |
[09:00] | Christian. | 基督教会 |
[09:01] | We either take that seriously or we paint over it. | 要不我们就认真考虑考虑 要不我们就重刷一遍墙吧 |
[09:05] | You don’t admit Michael Oher because of sports, | 你们不是为了Michael Ohe的体育好而要他 |
[09:08] | you admit him because it’s the right thing to do. | 你们要他 因为你正在做一件正确的事 |
[09:57] | Class, this is Michael Oher and he’s new here | 大家这是Michael Oher 他是新同学 |
[10:00] | so I expect you all to make him feel welcome. | 我希望你们都欢迎他 |
[10:02] | Mike, just take any empty seat. | Mike,随便找个空座位坐下吧 |
[10:08] | This is a quiz based on the information you learned last year | 这是根据你们去年学的出的考试题 |
[10:13] | in your science curriculum. | 你们的科学课 |
[10:15] | Don’t worry. It’s not gonna be graded. | 不用担心 不会打分的 |
[10:18] | I just want to see how much information we need to hit again. | 我只是想要知道你们学的怎么样 看看哪些我们需要加强 |
[10:21] | Just answer whatever you know. | 只回答你知道的就行了 |
[10:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:15] | – Can I leave now? – Yeah. | 我能走了吗? 当然 |
[11:22] | Take your book. | 拿上你的课本 |
[11:42] | Why has someone always in our home? | 他为什么一直呆在我们家? |
[11:44] | – He’s gonna eat all our food. – This is not true. | 他会吃光我们所有的食物 这不是真的 |
[11:47] | You’re gonna be Christian about the son, alright? | 你要像个基督教徒那样对待这个孩子 |
[11:48] | Let somebody else be Christian about this kid. | 让别的基督教徒管他吧 |
[11:51] | He not Jesus kick him out on the street like some dog? | 他又不是上帝 把他像狗一样踢出去吗? |
[11:54] | Let somebody else take over the responsibility! | 让其它人来承担这个责任吧 |
[11:56] | Should I throw him out on the street? | 我就把他赶到街上去吗? |
[11:59] | When do I have time just… I just want to be with you! | 我只是想有时间的时候 只和你在一起 |
[12:01] | Alright. Alright. | 好的 好的 |
[12:04] | You win. I’ll take care of it. | 你赢了 我会处理的 |
[12:11] | I don’t care if Patrick Ramsey approved the chair. | 我不管Patrick Ramsey是不是想要椅子 |
[12:13] | He’s the NFL quarterback not Martha frickin’ Stewart. | 他是个四分卫 不是Martha Stewart(富人) |
[12:17] | Because there’s a difference between Bunny Williams and a La-Z-boy. | 因为Bunny Williams(室内设计)和La-Z-boy(美国著名沙发品牌)是不一样的 |
[12:21] | No. See, when MTV Cribs comes to his house | 想想 当MTV Cribs(访谈节目)去他家的时候 |
[12:24] | he’s gonna be showing off his home theatre | 他将会炫耀他的家庭影院 |
[12:26] | all I’m gonna see is a brown Barca-lounger. | 我想要看到的就是一个棕色的Barca-louger(一种躺椅) |
[12:28] | No. No, listen to me. I’m the designer, my name’s on it. | 不 不 听我说 我是一个设计师 我的名字在上面 |
[12:31] | Deliver what I ordered! Alright? Thank you. | 只要把我订的给我送过来就行 好吗 谢谢 |
[12:48] | – What’d I miss? – Collins has just got a dig. | 我错过了什么吗? Collins有一个倒地救球 |
[12:51] | It’s a girl’s volleyball, Mom. You didn’t miss anything. | 这是女子排球 妈妈 你不会错过任何东西的 |
[12:58] | – Come on Collins! Move your feet! Come on! – Good job, Collins! | 来吧 Collins! 动起来 动起来 干的好 Collins! |
[13:01] | Go! | |
[13:06] | Collins, we’re gonna wait for you outside. | Collins 我们在外面等你 |
[13:08] | But don’t double condition in the shower, you have homework! | 不要洗那么长时间 你还有作业要做 |
[13:10] | I’m going over to Cannon’s to study. | 我要去Cannon家学习 |
[13:12] | SJ! SJ, do not go to the broad locker room again. | 不要再去衣柜那边了 |
[13:15] | Come here! SJ, come here! | 过来 |
[13:30] | Well, the big kid’s been here for a month | 这个大个已经来了一个月了 |
[13:34] | he’s still not cutting in my class. | 他一直没有旷课 |
[13:36] | Why this Admissions do this? | 为什么要把他招进来? |
[13:37] | I mean, it’s not fair to us or the boy. | 我的意思是 这对我们和这个孩子都是不公平的 |
[13:39] | Just setting him up to fail. | 只是认定他不行呗 |
[13:41] | I don’t think, he has any idea what I’m teaching. | 我不认为他听的懂我在讲什么 |
[13:44] | And how would you know if he did? He won’t even talk. | 就算他懂你怎么会知道? 他甚至都不说话 |
[13:47] | – He writes. – His name. Barely. | 他用写的 仅仅是他的名字而已 |
[13:51] | He thew this in the trash can. | 他把这个扔到了垃圾桶里 |
[13:58] | “I look and I see white everywhere: | 我所看见的都是白色的 |
[14:01] | white walls, white floors, and a lot of white people. | 白色的墙 白色的地板 还有很多白人 |
[14:06] | The teachers do not know I have no idea of anything they are talking about. | 老师们不知道我听不懂他们讲的 |
[14:12] | I do not want to listen to anyone, especially the teachers. | 我不想听任何说的话 尤其是老师 |
[14:15] | They are giving homework and expecting me | 他们布置家庭作业 |
[14:17] | to do problems on my own. | 期望我能自己完成 |
[14:20] | I have never done homework in my life. | 我从来就没做过家庭作业 |
[14:24] | I go to the bathroom, look in the mirror and say, | 我去到洗手间 对的镜子说 |
[14:29] | “This is not Michael Oher.” | 这不是Michael Oher |
[14:35] | He entitled it “White Walls.” | 标题是“白色的墙” |
[14:38] | How’s the spelling? | 没有拼错吧 |
[14:51] | Hi. | |
[15:00] | Smile at ’em. | 对她们微笑 |
[15:02] | And that let them know you’re their friend. | 让她们知道你是她们的朋友 |
[15:09] | You’re Big Mike, right? | 你是Big Mike 对吗? |
[15:11] | I’m Sean. But everyone calls me SJ. | 我是Sean 大家都叫我SJ |
[15:15] | It’s for Sean junior, | Sean junior的简称 |
[15:16] | my Father’s name is Sean. Sean Tuohy. | 我爸爸叫Sean Sean Tuohy |
[15:19] | He was a basketball star at Ole Miss, point guard, | 他曾是Ole Miss(密西西比大学)的篮球明星 得分后卫 |
[15:22] | now he owns like a million Taco Bells. | 现在他拥有好几百家Taco Bell(快餐厅) |
[15:28] | My mam. | 我妈妈 |
[15:35] | – Who’s that SJ? – Big Mike. | 那是谁啊 是Big Mike |
[15:38] | Get you feet off my dash. | 把你的臭脚拿开 |
[15:42] | Thank you. Put on your seatbelt! | 谢谢 系上安全带 |
[15:52] | Big Mike? | |
[15:56] | Mike, I got a call from someone at the police departement. | Mike 我接到一个来自警察局的电话 |
[16:05] | Do you remember the story in the papers while back about… | 你知不知道前阵子报纸上报道的… |
[16:08] | a man who fell off an overpass? | 一个男的从桥上掉下来 |
[16:13] | No one knew who he was and or he jumped, or… | 没有人知道他是谁 他是跳下来的还是… |
[16:22] | Umm… anyway he… he passed away. | 总之 他死了 |
[16:29] | Mike, the man was your father. | Mike 这个男人是你的父亲 |
[16:35] | They’ve been looking for somebody to notify and they… | 他们一直想通知家属 |
[16:38] | They found your name on our registry. | 他们在学校的登记表上发现了你的名字 |
[16:43] | I’m really sorry, son. | 我很难过 孩子 |
[16:51] | You were close to him? | 你和他很亲近吗? |
[16:57] | When’s the last time you saw him? | 你最后一次见他是什么时候? |
[17:05] | Iono. | 我不知道 |
[18:40] | – He knows it! – Who knows it and what is he know? | 他知道 谁知道 知道什么? |
[18:43] | The material. Michael Oher. I gave him this test verbally. | 这些资料 Michael Oher 我口头上测试了他一下 |
[18:47] | – Got even allowed? – I see. | 能行吗? 我知道了 |
[18:49] | – On how big a curve? – He’s been listening all along. | 曲线都大呀? 他一直在听 |
[18:51] | It’s amazing what he’s absorbed. Trust me. He’s listening to you, too. | 他能理解 相信我 他也听你讲的来 |
[18:55] | Now, his reading level is low | 现在 他的阅读能力很低 |
[18:57] | and he’s got no idea how to learn in the classroom. | 他不知道在教室里怎么学习 |
[19:01] | I’m not saying he’s going to pass but Big Mike is not stupid. | 我并没有说他能合格 但是Big Mike并不是笨 |
[19:06] | – Hey. – What, Mom? | 什么 妈妈? |
[19:07] | – Good job. – Yes? | 做的不错 |
[19:09] | Good job. Hey, I got a question for you. | 做的不错 我有一个问题问你 |
[19:10] | Go. | 问吧 |
[19:12] | There was a little girl about two rows back. | 后两排有个女孩 |
[19:14] | What was her name? | 她叫什么名字 |
[19:15] | – Oh, that was Chimsey. – Kinsey. Yeah. | 那个是Chimsey Kinsey |
[19:18] | I saw your little indian feathers get all ruffle up. | 你看见你的羽毛都快翘起来了 |
[19:20] | Yeah. It’s nice. | 是的 她很漂亮 |
[19:22] | SJ, don’t let this go to your head but I’ve thought you were | SJ 不要老想那个 |
[19:25] | very convincing in the role of… | 我认为你已经知道了你的角色了 |
[19:27] | – Indian Number Three. – Yes. | 3号角色 |
[19:29] | I tried out for the Chief but they gave it to Andy Sung. | 我想要当酋长 但他们把他给了Andy Sung |
[19:32] | I can’t be sure, but I think there was some multi-cultural bias thing working. | 我不知道 但我觉得这有文化偏见 |
[19:37] | Or maybe they just thought he’d make a better Chief. | 或许他们认为他更适合酋长 |
[19:40] | Dad, he’s like Chinese. | 爸爸 他张的像中国人一样 |
[19:42] | Yeah. You’re Irish. | 你张的和爱尔兰人一样 |
[19:43] | And if you weren’t the Chief, how did you get that headdress? | 如果你不是酋长 你怎么得到头饰 |
[19:45] | Dad, I’m gonna need a few more of those free Quesadilla tickets. | 爸爸 我想要一些Quesadilla(油炸玉米粉饼)的免费券 |
[19:51] | And where does the acorn fall? | 都是你惯的 好了吧? |
[19:54] | Hey, don’t laugh too hard. The Quesadilla saved our ass. | 不要笑 Quesadilla帮了我们大忙 |
[19:57] | Don’t use the a-word. | 不要用那个字眼 |
[20:05] | What is he wearing? | 他穿的什么呀 |
[20:07] | It’s freezing. | 多冷啊 |
[20:09] | What’s his name again? | 他叫什么名字来的 |
[20:11] | Big Mike. | |
[20:13] | Where’s he going? | 他要去哪? |
[20:16] | Hey, Big Mike! Where you headin’? | 你要去哪? |
[20:20] | Gym…. | 体育馆… |
[20:22] | Okay. | 走吧 |
[20:34] | Turn around. | 回头 |
[20:43] | Big Mike… Stop the car. | 停车 |
[20:50] | Big Mike. | |
[20:52] | Hey, my name is Leigh Anne Tuohy. My kids go to Wingate. | Hey,我的名字叫Leigh Anne Tuohy 我的孩子们上Wingate(学校的名字) |
[20:55] | You said you’re going to the gym? | 你说你要去体育馆? |
[20:58] | The school gym’s closed. | 现在体育馆已经关了 |
[21:00] | Why were you going to the gym? | 为什么你要去体育馆? |
[21:04] | Big Mike?! Why were you going to the gym? | Big Mike? 为什么你要去体育馆? |
[21:08] | Because… it’s warm. | 因为… 那很暖和 |
[21:11] | Do you have any place to stay tonight? | 今晚你有地方呆吗? |
[21:15] | Don’t you dare lie to me. | 你敢骗我 |
[21:29] | I’ve seen that look many times. | 我见很多次那个表情 |
[21:31] | She’s about to get her way. | 她要用自己的方法了 |
[21:34] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[21:38] | Come on. | 来 |
[21:42] | SJ, make room. | SJ,往那边点 |
[21:44] | Get in the car. | 进车 |
[21:48] | Come on. | 来 |
[22:01] | – Where are we going? – Home. | 我们要去哪? 回家 |
[22:18] | Oh no! That’s my favourite part. | Oh… 那是我最喜欢的片段 |
[22:21] | So cute. | 太美了 |
[22:23] | How’d the dork do in the school play? | 那个笨蛋在学校表演的怎么样? |
[22:30] | Umm… Okay. | |
[22:33] | Collins, you know Big Mike from the School? | Collins,你认识学校的Big Mike |
[22:38] | I’d give you the best bedroom but it’s full of sample boxes. | 我想要让你住客房里来 但是放满了箱子 |
[22:41] | And the sectional in the family room slides apart when you sleep on it. | 你要在上面睡 家具就散架了 |
[22:45] | At least that’s what Sean says. | 至少Sean这样说 |
[22:47] | Mr. Tuohy sleeps on the coach? | Tuohy先生睡在沙发上? |
[22:49] | Only when he’s bad. Alright. | 当他做什么坏事的时候 好了 |
[22:51] | The powder room’s right there and we’ll be upstairs if you need us. | 洗手间在那边 你有需要什么我们就在楼上 |
[22:55] | Alright? Right. | 好吧 |
[22:57] | Sleep tight, honey. | 睡个好觉 |
[23:52] | – Was this a bad idea? – What? | 这个主意很糟糕吗? 什么? |
[23:56] | Don’t lie there and pretend like you’re not thinking the same thing as me. | 不要躺在那 假装你没有和我想的一样 |
[23:59] | Fine, tell me what you’re thinking | 好吧 告诉我你怎么想的 |
[24:00] | so I know what’s supposed to be on my mind. | 我也就知道我想什么了 |
[24:03] | How well do you know Big Mike? | 你了解Big Mike多少 |
[24:05] | In case I noticed that you have much to say. | 我知道你有很多要说的 |
[24:08] | What’s the big deal? It’s just for one night, right? | 没有多大点事? 只是一个晚上而已 对吧? |
[24:12] | It is just one night, right? Leigh Anne? Leigh Anne? | 只是一个晚上 对吗 |
[24:17] | You don’t think he’ll steal anything, do you? | 你不认为他会偷什么东西吧? |
[24:21] | I guess we’ll know in the morning. | 我猜我们早晨就知道了 |
[24:39] | Well if you hear a scream call the insurance adjustor. | 如果你听到尖叫声 就打电话给保险公司吧 |
[25:02] | Mike? | |
[25:13] | Big Mike?! | |
[25:16] | Mike? | |
[25:31] | Big Mike! | |
[25:41] | You’re gonna make me walking away? | 你要走了吗? |
[25:43] | Alright then. | 好吧 |
[25:46] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪? |
[25:48] | Iono. | 我不知道 |
[25:49] | Well, are you spending Thanksgiving with your family? | 好吧 你想要和你的家人过感恩节吗? |
[25:53] | TV commentary | |
[25:57] | TV commentary | |
[25:59] | – Come and get it, childs! – Yeah, baby! | 饭好了 |
[26:01] | SJ! | |
[26:03] | Come on! | |
[26:06] | We have a turkey. | 我们有火鸡吃了 |
[26:07] | Everyone thank your mother for driving to the store and getting this. | 每个人谢谢妈妈 谢她大老远开车去商店买这个 |
[26:10] | – Thank you, mama. | – Thank you, mama. 谢谢 妈妈 |
[26:13] | Eat all you want. | 随便吃 |
[26:15] | Come on. | |
[26:17] | Hustle, hustle! We got to get back to the game. | 快点 我们还要回去看比赛呢 |
[26:18] | Oh yeah! | |
[26:21] | – Don’t take my space. – You rush us, dad. | 别占我的的地方 你挤到我了 爸爸 |
[26:23] | – SJ, slow down. – Come on. | 慢点 SJ |
[26:25] | – No. – That’s just fantastic. | 太棒了 |
[26:29] | Oh, y’all forget the potato salad! | 你们都忘了土豆沙拉了 |
[26:32] | – How’s Ole Miss doing? | 密西西比队怎么样了 |
[26:42] | Sean, salad. | Sean 吃沙拉 |
[26:46] | – Thanks, Mom. – Oh, good. Thanks, Mama. | |
[26:48] | Yeah, Mama. | |
[26:51] | – Come on! | – Come on! |
[27:01] | He wants to be bet. | |
[27:14] | – Hey! Mom! – Whoa. | |
[27:15] | But it’s Thanksgiving. | 今天是感恩节啊 |
[27:19] | Wow. | |
[27:20] | – Why are we in here? – Shhh! | 我们为什么要在这? |
[27:29] | Shall we say a grace? | 让我们祈祷先 |
[27:49] | Heavenly Father. We thank you for all the many blessings on this family. | 上帝 我们谢谢你一直保佑我们的家庭 |
[27:54] | We thank you for bringing us a new friend. | 我们谢谢你给我们带来一个新朋友 |
[27:57] | And we ask that you look after us in this holiday season | 我们谢谢你节日的照顾 |
[28:01] | that we may never forget how very fortunate we are. | 我们永远不会忘记我们多么幸运 |
[28:05] | – Amen. | – Amen. |
[28:09] | – SJ, the score? – Up by ten. | SJ 比分多少 领先十分 |
[28:13] | Collins, can you pass me the green beans, please? | Collins 把豆豆给我递过来 |
[28:17] | Don’t pick it with your fingers just take a spoon. Okay. | 不要用手拿 用勺子 用勺子 好吧 |
[28:24] | – SJ! Elbows! – Sorry. | 你的胳膊 对不起 |
[28:30] | So, Big Mike. You like to shop? | Big Mike 你喜欢购物吗? |
[28:35] | Because tomorrow I think I’ll have to show you how it’s done. | 因为明天早晨我要教你怎么做 |
[28:43] | I got clothes. | 我有衣服 |
[28:45] | You “have” clothes. | 就那几件 |
[28:47] | And an extra T-shirt in the plastic bag does not a wardrobe make. | 装着衬衣的塑料袋可不是衣柜 |
[28:51] | I have clothes. | 我有衣服 |
[28:53] | Fine, let’s go get ’em. Just tell me where I’m going. | 好吧 让我们去取他们 只要告诉我我们去哪拿 |
[29:06] | Alright. Tell me everything I need to know about you. | 告诉我关于你的一切 |
[29:10] | Who takes care of you? A mother? | 谁照顾你? 母亲 |
[29:14] | Do you have any mother? A grandmother maybe? | 你有母亲吗? 还是祖母? |
[29:22] | Tell you what, Big Mike. | 听着 Big Mike |
[29:24] | We can do this the easy way, or we can do it the hard way. | 我们可以简单的解决 还是我们要麻烦的解决 |
[29:27] | You take a pick. | 你选吧 |
[29:31] | Fine. | 好的 |
[29:33] | Tell me just one thing I should know about you. Just… just one. | 只告诉我一件事就行 就一件 |
[29:41] | I don’t like to be called Big Mike. | 我不习惯被叫作 Big Mike |
[29:45] | Okay. | 那好吧 |
[29:47] | Tell you what, from now on, to me, you’re Michael. Okay? | 听着 从现在起我叫你Michael了 好吗 |
[29:54] | So,… Michael, where we headed? | Michael 我们要去哪? |
[30:07] | She’s just the … | 她只是… |
[30:12] | – That’s nice – Yo. Check it. | 看 我靠 |
[30:13] | – Yay. – S7. | 宝马7系 |
[30:16] | For real. Yeah. | 真的 |
[30:18] | You like that? | 你喜欢吗? |
[30:20] | – Do you know ’em? | 你认识他们吗? |
[30:22] | Man, I got no idea. | 伙计 我不知道 |
[30:25] | It’s where your mother lives? | 这就是你妈妈住的地方? |
[30:27] | – Let’s go get ’em. – No. Don’t get out. | 让我们去拿吧 不 你不要下车 |
[30:30] | Who’s going to help you carrying your clothes, Michael? | 那么谁要帮你搬你的衣服呢? |
[30:36] | Don’t get out of the car. | 不要下车 |
[30:45] | No way. | 不是吧 |
[30:47] | Oh, that’s Big Mike, man. | 那是 Big Mike 伙计 |
[30:50] | Oh, Big Mike is in the house! | Big Mike 来了 |
[30:54] | Big Mike! Where you been?! | Big Mike! 你去哪了? |
[30:59] | And who’s that fine thing that driving you around like Ms. Daisy? | 谁带你过来的 Daisy女士? |
[31:04] | Hey, Dave. | |
[31:06] | You need to let me buy you new snickers, man. I’ll take care, you know. | 你要我给你买个士力架(巧克力)吗 我会罩你的 伙计 |
[31:13] | I run this over here and the whole Village, baby. Got it? | 这个地方是我罩的 听见没? |
[31:17] | Look at that. | 看啊 |
[31:19] | Hey. Hey, D. Watch this. | Dave 看那 |
[31:25] | Dear snowflake. | 亲爱的snowflake(黑人用作对白人的蔑称) |
[31:28] | You like that? Yeah. | 你喜欢吗?是的 |
[32:21] | She wasn’t home. | 她不在家 |
[32:26] | Well, we can come back. | 没事 我们可以再来 |
[32:32] | She probably moved to a nicer place. | 她可能搬到更好的地方去了 |
[32:46] | I’ve lived in Memphis my whole life and never been anywhere near here. | 我一直住在孟菲斯 但从来没有来过这种地方 |
[32:52] | You’re going to take care of me, right? | 你会保护我的 是吗? |
[32:54] | I got your back. | 我会保护你的 |
[33:01] | Here we go. | 这边 |
[33:03] | Oh, we also got a parole for the ladies. | 我们也有女士的东西 |
[33:06] | But everything we got that’d fit him is right here. | 但是所有他合适的东西都在这 |
[33:13] | This is it? | 就这些? |
[33:14] | If this is all you got, why’s it say “Big and Tall” on the sign? | 如果你就有这些 还敢挂“大个专卖”的牌子 |
[33:17] | Big and Tall. You need “Bigger and Taller.” | 大个 你说的不是一般的大吧 |
[33:23] | – Howl, if you need me. – Thank you. | 如果你需要什么叫我就行了 谢谢 |
[33:25] | You see anything, you like? | 你看见你想要的了吗? |
[33:27] | Hey. I got a just what you’re looking for. | 我刚找见你说的那个了 |
[33:30] | Well, one thing I know about shopping is | 关于购物有一点就是 |
[33:32] | that if you don’t absolutely love it in the store, you won’t wear it. | 如果你不喜欢它 你就不会穿它 |
[33:35] | The store were you like the best. | 商店是你的 你也会吹的 |
[33:37] | So before you choose something think of yourself wearing it | 所以当你选择东西之前 想象你穿上它的样子 |
[33:40] | and say to yourself: Is this me? | 并且对自己说 这是我吗? |
[33:44] | No. | |
[33:47] | What about this one? | 这个怎么样? |
[33:54] | This isn’t atrocious. | 这件还行 |
[33:57] | Alright, well, you go look over there I go look over here. | 好吧 你看看那边 我看看这边 |
[34:04] | Who would imagine this many clothes are plastic? | 谁会想到这有这么多样子 |
[34:10] | Good Lord… What is this made of? | 我的天啊 这是什么做的? |
[34:18] | That’s the one? That’s the one you like? | 就这个 你就喜欢这个 |
[34:25] | Alright then. | 好吧 |
[34:41] | Have a great day. Learn something! | 过的愉快 学点东西 |
[34:52] | Don’t get your panties in a wad. | 吹什么吹 |
[34:57] | The best part about Paris was the food. They use sauce like we use gravy. | 巴黎最棒的就是的食物了 他们用酱汁像我们的肉汁一样 |
[35:02] | I had to join a gym the day I got back. | 我回来的那天不得不去健身房 |
[35:07] | Any of y’all spent much time on the other side of town? | 你们去过镇子那边吗? |
[35:10] | – Where exactly are you talking about? – Alabama Street… Hurt Village. | 你究竟在说什么地方啊? Alabama街 Hurt Village |
[35:13] | Hurt Village – that sounds like a threat. | Hurt(有伤害的意思) Village 听起来像是威胁一样 |
[35:16] | You’re not far off. | 差不多 |
[35:18] | – I think it might “hurt” me to go there. – It’d hurt your reputation to go there. | 我认为我去那边可能会受到伤害呢 他那边将会损害你的名声吧 |
[35:22] | Well actually I’m from there but didn mind hard work | 事实上我是从那边来的 但我很努力工作 |
[35:24] | and look where I am now. | 看看我现在在哪 |
[35:26] | Eating an eighteen dollar salad. | 吃着18美元的沙拉 |
[35:29] | And it’s a little soggy to be honest. | 说到这 我想起来了今天做的水多了点 |
[35:31] | Leigh Anne? What is this sudden interest in the project? | Leigh Anne? 你怎么突然对这个感兴趣了? |
[35:33] | Is this another one of your charities? | 这是你的另外一个慈善计划吗? |
[35:35] | Wait. A project for the projects. | 等等 应该是计划的一部分 |
[35:38] | Oh, that’s catchy. Money would raise itself. | 太让人激动了 会赚很多钱的 |
[35:41] | Okay. Count me in, Leigh Anne. | 好吧 算我一个 Leigh Anne |
[35:47] | SJ, you have two more minutes on that playbox thing, alright? | SJ 你有两分钟关了你的游戏机 |
[35:51] | Oh, Mom! | |
[35:57] | Michael, do you want to stay here? | Michael 你想要呆在这吗 |
[36:03] | Because… if you want to stay here… for awhile longer… | 因为 如果你想要在这呆着 |
[36:07] | I can find some time to figure out a bedroom for you. | 我就抽时间给你准备一间房间 |
[36:13] | Because look at this, you’ve practically ruined a ten thousand dollar coach. | 因为看这个 你已经快把一万美元的沙发弄坏了 |
[36:24] | You want to stay here, Michael? | 你想要呆在这吗 Michael? |
[36:29] | I don’t want to go anyplace else. | 我不想去别的地方 |
[36:37] | Well alright then. | 那好吧 |
[36:41] | – SJ, you’d better be off that playbox. – That wasn’t two minutes. | SJ 你最好现在给我关了游戏机 两分钟还没到呢 |
[36:46] | Good night Mrs. Tuohy. | 晚安 Tuohy女士 |
[36:54] | I see on the admission that we’re Michael’s contact | 我看录取通知书上写的我们是Michael的 |
[36:57] | for medical emergencies? | 紧急事件联系人 |
[36:58] | Sean wrote that in last week. | Sean上周就弄好了 |
[37:00] | We needed contact number and the ones listed weren’t in service. | 我们需要联系人号码 以前那个已经不能用了 |
[37:03] | Sean. Love that man. | Sean 爱死他了 |
[37:07] | What’s this? | 这是什么? |
[37:09] | The state makes schools measure for career aptitude in eight grade. | 政府制定的让学校在八年级时做的职业测评 |
[37:13] | and this just came with his file. | 这个和他的档案一起来的 |
[37:15] | What does it say about Michael? | 写的Michael怎么样? |
[37:16] | Spatial relations – third percentile. Ability to learn – fifth percentile. | 空间关系– 第三等级 学习能力– 第五等级 |
[37:23] | It’s funny though. He tested in the 98th percentile in one category. | 有趣的是 他有一项测试的成绩达到了98 |
[37:27] | – Which one? – “Protective instincts.” | 哪一个 “保护意识” |
[37:33] | So over here we have a desk. Chest of drawers. | 这边我们有一个书桌 一个柜子 |
[37:38] | Here’s a night stand, a lamp, Alarm. | 一个床头边的小桌 台灯 闹钟 |
[37:41] | Sean says all the pro athletes use futons if they can’t find a bed big enough. | Sean说所有专业运动员都用这种垫子 如果他们找不到一个足够大的床的话 |
[37:45] | So I got you one of those | 所以我给你整了个这 |
[37:48] | It’s not about to let that in my house. But I got you some nicer. | 这只是暂时 我会在给你弄个好点的 |
[37:53] | – It’s mine? – Yes, sir. | 这是我的吗? 是的 |
[37:57] | What? | 怎么了 |
[37:58] | Never had one before. | 以前从来没有过 |
[38:00] | What? A room to yourself? | 什么? 你自己的房间? |
[38:03] | A bed. | 一张床 |
[38:14] | Well, you have one now. | 好吧 你现在有了 |
[38:48] | Okay. Define Osmosis. | 好的 定义渗透作用 |
[38:52] | I think I know what. | 我知道那个 |
[38:55] | It’s when water passes through the barrier. | 就是水穿过物体 |
[38:59] | That’s basically right. Michael very good. | 大致上是对的 非常好 |
[39:09] | Name the combatants in the battle of Waterloo. | 说说滑铁卢战役的双方 |
[39:13] | I know that one. Umm… | 我知道那个 |
[39:16] | The little guy, Napoleon… He was on one side and… | 一方是一个小个子的叫作拿破仑 |
[39:21] | – …and Duke’s on the other. – Duke of Wellington. | 另一边是威灵顿公爵(滑铁卢打败拿破伦的大将) |
[39:24] | Yeah. And the Duke of Wellington and Russia or something. | 是的 威灵顿公爵好像是个俄国人 |
[39:27] | Prussia. | 普鲁士(两个单词很像) |
[39:43] | Enough with the rugby shirts. You look like a giant bumble bee. | 不能忍了你的衬衫 你看起来就像个大黄蜂 |
[39:49] | That Taco Bell, KFC catty corner. The Long John Silvers on the next block. | 肯德基转角口那个Taco Bell(快餐厅) 下个路口的Long John Silvers(美国的快餐厅) |
[39:55] | – You owe all of ’em? – Yeah. We’ve got like hundreds. | 全是你们家的 是的 我们有将近一百家 |
[39:58] | Eighty five. | 85家 |
[39:59] | Is that why Mr. Tuohy don’t have to go to work? | 这就是为什么Tuohy先生不用去工作 |
[40:01] | Ho! Ho! Hey! I’m working even when I’m not working. | 我在工作当我不工作的时候 |
[40:06] | What? | 不对吗? |
[40:07] | And y’all eat at those places for free? | 你们在那些地方吃饭都免费? |
[40:09] | All you want. It’s awesome. | 想去哪家去哪家 卡卡的 |
[40:12] | What do y’all do with the leftover food? From the restaurant? | 你们对餐厅剩下的食物怎么办? |
[40:14] | Well, we have to throw some of it away. What’s already been cooked. | 我们不得不扔掉部分吃剩下的 |
[40:17] | – That’s too bed. – Yeah. I’d rather sell it. | 那太糟糕了 是的 我宁愿卖掉他们 |
[40:20] | Seems like you could give it away or something? | 看起来你可以把它们送人或怎么样 |
[40:23] | – You should check into that, Daddy. – Alright, I will, SJ. | 你应该那么做 爸爸 好吧 我会的 SJ |
[40:27] | How come we ain’t eatin’ at one of your restaurants tonight? | 我们今晚为什么不在你们的餐厅吃饭? |
[40:29] | Because tonight is a special occasion. | 因为今晚很特别 |
[40:32] | What? | 怎么了? |
[40:34] | I talked to Coach Cotton and he said that Michael’s grades had improved enough | 我和Cotton教练谈过了 他说Michael的成绩提高了 |
[40:37] | that he can go out for spring football in March. | 他可以参加三月的春季比赛了 |
[40:40] | Isn’t that great? | 是不是很棒? |
[40:41] | Oh, man! You are gonna crush some people! | 太棒了 你将要压碎某人了! |
[40:51] | – Hey, guys. How you doin’? – Great. Thank you. | 你们好吗 很好 谢谢 |
[40:55] | I’ve got a design book I need to get. Sean, go check on our reservation. | 我需要一些设计书 Sean 你去看看座位吧 |
[40:58] | They’re gonna seat us right away. Can’t you wait after dinner. | 他们马上就安排好了 你就不能吃完饭再去吗 |
[41:00] | Might be closed by then! Come on, SJ. | 那时候估计就关门了 走 SJ |
[41:02] | – Please. – I need some new magazines. | 我要买一些杂志 |
[41:07] | Michael, come on. Come on. | Michael 走 |
[41:20] | Collins! Collins! | |
[41:24] | Collins. Come on! Your dad’s already PO’ed. | Collins 赶紧的 你爸爸已经订好座位了 |
[41:25] | – Lets’ go. Come on. – Over here. | 我们走 赶快 在这呢 |
[41:29] | Mike. | |
[41:36] | Remember this one, Mom? | 记得这个吗 妈妈 |
[41:38] | You read it to us like thousand times. | 你给我们读过好几百遍 |
[41:41] | “And he gnashed his terrible teeth and he roared his terrible roar.” | 他咬着牙 怒吼着 |
[41:46] | I always liked this one. | 我一直都喜欢这本 |
[41:48] | Oh, Ferdinand… Me too. | 斐迪南(男子名,涵义:勇敢的;爱冒险的) 我也是 |
[41:52] | Michael, your mama ever read either one of those books to you? | Michael 你妈妈给你读过这些书吗? |
[41:58] | No? | 没有? |
[42:01] | How cute. | 太棒了 |
[42:03] | It was a good steak. | 很棒的牛排 |
[42:04] | – Thank you, Daddy. – Thank you for lovely dinner, Papa. | 谢谢你 爸爸 谢谢你的晚餐 爸爸 |
[42:07] | Here we go. | 我们走吧 |
[42:44] | Michael?… | |
[42:45] | Who was that boy you were talking to, at the restaurant? | 你在餐厅说话的那个男孩是谁? |
[42:48] | Marcus. | |
[42:51] | Marcus. And he works there? | Marcus 他在那工作吗? |
[42:54] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[42:56] | How do you know him? | 你怎么认识他的? |
[43:00] | He’s my brother. | 他是我的兄弟 |
[43:08] | Well, we’d really like to meet him someday. | 我们很想哪天和他见见面 |
[43:13] | Would that be okay with you? | 你有意见吗? |
[43:15] | I don’t know where he stays. | 我不知道他在什么地方住 |
[43:18] | When’s the last time you saw him? | 你最后一次见他是什么时候? |
[43:23] | When I was little maybe. | 当我还是孩子的时候 |
[43:29] | “Once upon a time in Spain, there was a little bull and his name was Ferdinand. | 很久以前在西班牙 有一个小公牛 他的名字叫作 Ferdinand |
[43:37] | All the other little bulls he lived with would run and jump | 并且和他在一起的别的公牛跑啊 跳啊 |
[43:41] | and butt their heads together, | 用头互相顶 |
[43:44] | but not Ferdinand. | 但是Ferdinand没有 |
[43:48] | He liked to sit just quietly and smell the flowers. | 他喜欢静静的坐在那 闻着花香 |
[43:55] | He had a favorite spot out in the pasture under a cork tree. | 他最喜欢呆在牧场的软木树下 |
[44:00] | It was his favorite tree | 那是他最喜欢的树 |
[44:02] | and he would sit in its shade all day and smell the flowers.” | 他整天就坐在树边上 闻着花香 |
[44:08] | – Good night. | – Good night. 晚安 晚安 |
[44:14] | What? | 怎么了 |
[44:16] | Why are you smiling? | 你笑什么? |
[44:19] | I don’t know. I’m just happy. Really happy. | 我不知道 我只是高兴 真的高兴 |
[44:23] | Does this happiness have anything to do with Michael? | 你高兴和Michael有关系吗? |
[44:26] | No. | 不 |
[44:29] | It has everything to do with Michael. | 所有事都和Michael有关系 |
[44:36] | Happy’s good. | 高兴很好 |
[44:38] | You know what I think we should do? | 你知道我想我们该怎么做吗? |
[44:40] | We should start a charity for kids like Michael. | 我们应该组织一个慈善机构为像Michael一样的孩子 |
[44:43] | Okay. | 好的 |
[44:44] | – Maybe fund a program at Wingate. – Sure. | 或许建立一个项目在Wingate 当然 |
[44:47] | Lord knows that school could use a little color. | 上帝也会帮助黑人的 |
[44:50] | Michael’s like a flying and milking that place. | Michael好像和那不符似的 |
[44:53] | Are you listening to me? | 你又在听我说话吗? |
[44:59] | I try to concentrate on one… thing… at a time. | 我试着一次专注一件事情 |
[45:07] | You knew I was multi-tasker when you married me, right? | 当你娶我的时候你知道我是一个计划很多的人,对吗? |
[45:10] | – I sure did. – Alright. Okay. Let’s check it. | 当然了 好吧 让我们开始吧 |
[45:18] | Okay. Tuohy family. Big smiles everyone! | 好的 大家笑一笑 |
[45:23] | And, one , two, three… 1 2 3 … | |
[45:29] | Michael! Michael come over here and get in the next one. | Michael 过来 再照一张 |
[45:33] | Come on. Come on. Come over here. | 来 来这边 |
[45:41] | Oh, come on. It’s not like I’m gonna put it on the Christmas card. | 别这样 好像我不会把照片放在圣诞卡片里似的 |
[45:45] | Okay, let’s scootch in a little tighter. | 大家站紧一点 |
[45:49] | That’s good. | 很好 |
[45:51] | Really big smiles. | 笑一个 |
[45:53] | Okay, one, two three… say Rebels! | 1 2 3 说 “Rebels” |
[45:57] | “Rebels” | “Rebels” |
[46:01] | TV commentary | |
[46:07] | I got it. | 我知道了 |
[46:09] | – Who’s winning? – Tennessee. | 谁领先的呢? 田纳西泰坦队 |
[46:12] | – Who are they playing? – Clemson. | 和谁比呢 克莱姆森队 |
[46:14] | Your mom roots against Tennessee no matter who they’re playing? | 你妈妈不管Tennessee和谁比赛都不支持 |
[46:17] | Oh, yes, I do. With gusto. | 是的 还兴致勃勃的 |
[46:20] | She can’t stand Tennessee. | 她不能忍受田纳西泰坦队 |
[46:22] | Collie-bell, I thought you were going to your boyfriend’s? | 宝贝 你不是去你男朋友家吗? |
[46:25] | I thought of hanging around here today. | 我今天想在家呆的 |
[46:30] | I like that. | 我喜欢这样 |
[46:31] | Hey, baby. There’s a coupla messages on the machine but I didn’t check ’em. | 亲爱的 留言机上有几条信息我还没看 |
[46:34] | Alright. | 好的 |
[46:37] | Hey, Sean, hey, Leigh Anne, It’s cousin Bobby. Happy New Years! | 是你堂兄Bobby 新年快乐 |
[46:40] | Listen, I’ve had about five cold ones… | 听着 我差不多喝了五瓶啤酒了 |
[46:42] | – Of course she had. – So I’m… I’m just gonna go ahead and ask… | 当然你喝了 所以我就不兜圈子了 |
[46:46] | Ya’ll know there’s a colored boy in your Christmas Card? | 你知道这有个黑人在你的圣诞卡片上吗? |
[46:53] | What? | 怎么了? |
[46:55] | You just looked teeny-tiny next to him. Right? Like Jessica Lange and King Kong. | 你在她旁边太小了 就像Jessica Lange(电影金刚女主角)和金刚在一起似的 |
[47:01] | Hey, does Michael get the family discount at Taco Bell? | Michael去Taco Bell 打折优惠吗? |
[47:04] | Because if he does Sean’s gonna lose a few stores. | 因为如果那样 Sean将要失去一些店铺 |
[47:08] | He’s a great kid. | 他是个好孩子 |
[47:09] | Well, I say make it official and just adopt him. | 我说正事领养他算了 |
[47:14] | He’s gonna be eighteen in a few months. | 他再有几个月就18岁了 |
[47:15] | Doesn’t really make much sense to legally adopt. | 法律上的领养没有任何意义 |
[47:21] | Leigh Anne, is this some sort of white guilt thing? | Leigh Anne 这算什么 白人感到内疚做的事吗? |
[47:26] | What will your daddy say? | 你父亲怎么说? |
[47:29] | Umm… before or after he turns over in his grave? | 是他在棺材里翻身前还是之后? |
[47:32] | Daddy’s been gone five years Elaine, | 我父亲已经去世5年了 Elaine |
[47:35] | make matters worse you were at the funeral. | 你还在葬礼上出了丑 |
[47:37] | Remember? You were Chanel and that awful black hat. | 记得吗 你那难看的黑帽子上都是香奈儿味 |
[47:41] | Look, here’s the deal. | 事情是这样的 |
[47:42] | I don’t need y’all to approve my choices, alright? | 我不用你们批准我的决定 |
[47:46] | But I do ask you to respect them. | 但是我希望你们尊重他们 |
[47:48] | You’ve no idea what this boy’s been through. | 你们一点都不知道这个孩子经历了什么 |
[47:50] | And If this is going to be some running diatribe | 如果你们把这件事当成一种讽刺的话 |
[47:53] | I can find an overpriced salad a lot closer to home. | 咱们就各走各的吧 |
[47:58] | Leigh Anne, I’m so sorry. We didn’t intend to— | 对不起 我们并没有打算 |
[48:00] | No. We didn’t really. | 是的 我们没有 |
[48:01] | I think, what you’re doing is so great. | 我认为你做的很对 |
[48:05] | To open up your home… to him. | 对他敞开你的家门 |
[48:08] | Honey, you’re changing that boy’s life. | 亲爱的 你正在改变这个孩子的命运 |
[48:11] | No. | 不 |
[48:13] | He’s changing mine. | 你改变了我的 |
[48:16] | That’s awesome for you, but what about Collins? | 这对你来说太好了 但是Collins怎么办? |
[48:21] | What about Collins? | Collins 怎么了? |
[48:22] | Aren’t you worried, I mean, even just a little? | 你不担心吗 我的意思是 没有一丁点担心吗? |
[48:25] | He’s a boy, a large, black boy, | 他是又高又大的黑人男孩 |
[48:27] | sleeping under the same roof. | 你们睡在同一个屋檐下 |
[48:32] | Shame on you. | 为你感到羞耻 |
[48:38] | I’ve got this. | 我来买单吧 |
[48:42] | Be honest with me, okay? | 诚实的和我说 好吗 |
[48:46] | Is Michael being here making you uncomfortable? | Michael呆在这 你会感到不舒服吗? |
[48:50] | They’re stupid kids, who cares what they say. | 他们都是幼稚的孩子 谁在乎他们怎么说 |
[48:54] | What kids? | 什么孩子? |
[48:55] | At school. | 在学校的 |
[48:57] | They’re juvenile. | 他们都是些青少年 |
[48:59] | And what do they juvenile kids say? | 他们怎么说? |
[49:02] | It’s really not worth repeating. | 没有重复的必要 |
[49:05] | And don’t worry about SJ; he likes all the attention. | 不用担心SJ 他喜欢受关注 |
[49:10] | He introduces Michael as his big brother. | 他说Michael是他的兄弟 |
[49:16] | – What about you? – It’s fine. | 你怎么样? 我很好 |
[49:22] | I mean, you can’t just throw him out on the street. | 我意思是 你又不可能把他扔到街上 |
[49:25] | I can make other arrangements. | 我会有别的安排 |
[49:31] | – Hi, Mike. – Hi. | |
[49:33] | – Need a push? -Yeah. | 需要我推一把吗? 恩 |
[49:41] | Higher, Mike! Higher! | 高点 Mike 再高点 |
[49:47] | Higher! | 高点! |
[49:53] | Higher! | 高点! |
[49:59] | Don’t look down. Don’t look down! | 不要往下看 |
[50:36] | – Where are you going? – Collins? Collins | 你去哪啊? |
[50:50] | Quit looking at me like that. | 不要那样看的我 |
[50:53] | I mean, we sit together at home. | 我是说 我们在家都坐在一起的 |
[51:12] | You know how much those things weigh? This kid’s gonna make us all famous. | 你知道那些东西多重吗? 这个孩子将要使我们出名的 |
[51:18] | Easy, Bert, man. It’s only the spring | 放松点 这只是个春季比赛 |
[51:20] | he hasn’t even been through his first practice yet. | 他还没有开始他的第一堂练习课呢 |
[51:23] | No. He’s a player. | 不 他是一个球员 |
[51:27] | Ready. | 准备好了吗 |
[51:30] | Get down, son. Get down in your stands. | 蹲下 蹲在你的位子 |
[51:32] | In your stands! | 蹲好了 |
[51:34] | Go! | 开始 |
[51:41] | Mike! Son! | Mike 听着 |
[51:43] | You fall off the block and then you wanna shuck-shuck the blocker. | 你要冲破阻碍 阻挡防守者 |
[51:46] | Right? Shuck it! Alright? Let’s go! | 知道吗 撞他 好的 继续 |
[51:52] | Papa? | |
[51:55] | How’s he doing? | 他做的怎么样? |
[51:57] | Doesn’t quite have the hang of it yet. | 还没掌握住要领呢 |
[52:06] | Hey, Mike. Son… | |
[52:08] | Shuck the blocker. Don’t hold him! | 撞防守者 不是要抱住他 |
[52:13] | No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No. | |
[52:28] | Balloons! There are balloons! | 气球 那些只是气球 |
[52:31] | Guys, quit looking at the balloons. Everybody. | 伙计们 不要看气球了 |
[52:34] | Most kids from bad situations can’t wait to be violent | 大多数来自差的环境的孩子都很暴力 |
[52:37] | and that comes out on the field. | 爆发在场上 |
[52:39] | This kid, he acts like he doesn’t want to hit anyone. | 他呢 感觉好像他不想碰任何人 |
[52:42] | He’s Ferdinand the Bull. | 他是Ferdinand 那只公牛 |
[52:44] | – What? – Nothing. | 什么? 没什么 |
[52:47] | I thought sure he was gonna be a player. | 我确信他会成为一个好的球员的 |
[52:49] | I can’t believe I used up my chiefs to get him in school. | 我不相信我竟然会费大力气把他弄进学校 |
[52:52] | I thought you said it was your Christian duty? | 我记得你不是说 是你基督教徒的责任 |
[52:56] | Look, Bert. He’s never played before. | 想想 Bert 他以前从来没有接触过 |
[53:00] | And he won’t this fall if he doesn’t improve a lot before then. | 如果他没进步 这个秋天他也就不用打了 |
[53:03] | Who danm made him Bert bright? | 他什么时候这么聪明了? |
[53:06] | Unbelievable! | 不可理喻! |
[53:09] | Oh, God bless me. | 老天保佑我 |
[53:12] | This is your summer workout sheet. | 这是你的夏季训练计划 |
[53:13] | Now, first it says to warm up and get loose. | 先热身和放松一下 |
[53:17] | Go ahead, get loose. | 来 放松 |
[53:21] | Are you loose? | 放松完了吗? |
[53:23] | Okay, next is five one hundred yard runs to stretch out your legs. | 好的 下一个是五次100码跑 拉伸你的腿部肌肉 |
[53:27] | Let’s go home, play some video games. | 让我们回家 玩电子游戏吧 |
[53:29] | Look, everybody at Wingate is expecting you to be a star football player. | 听着 每一个在Wingate的人都期望你能成为一个橄榄球明星 |
[53:33] | You don’t want to let them down, do you? | 你不想让他们失望吧 是吧? |
[53:35] | Iono. | 我不知道 |
[53:35] | What about Dad and Mom? | 那爸爸妈妈呢? |
[53:37] | ‘Cause you see, in our family everyone’s an athlete. | 你看我们家的每一个人都是运动员 |
[53:40] | Dad was a basketball star, | 爸爸是一个篮球明星 |
[53:41] | Collins plays volleyball and runs track. | Collins打排球 和田径 |
[53:44] | And me, as you know, I do it all. | 至于我 你知道的 我什么都做 |
[53:46] | And Mom… Mom was a cheerleader, | 还有妈妈 妈妈是一个拉拉队员 |
[53:49] | which doesn’t exactly count but don’t tell her I said that. | 其实不能算是运动员 但不要告诉她是我说的 |
[53:52] | – Okay? – Okay. | 好吗 好的 |
[53:54] | Okay. | |
[53:58] | …fifty, fifty one, …50 51 | |
[54:02] | fifty two, fifty three… 52 53… | |
[54:05] | Come on and get it! Go, go, go, go, go! | |
[54:08] | Come on. Five seconds left in the game! | 快 还有5秒钟 |
[54:12] | this way! | this way! 这边! 这边! |
[54:15] | High knees, high knees, high knees! | 膝盖抬高 抬起来 |
[54:18] | Run like the wind! | 像风一样跑! |
[54:21] | Go, Michael, go! | 加油 Michael |
[54:23] | …ninety eight, nine, …98 99 | |
[54:28] | one hundred. 100 | |
[54:29] | Move your feet! Move your feet! Come on! Come on! Come on! | 动起来 动起来 快点 加油 |
[54:32] | Go. There you go. | 走 这就对了 |
[54:37] | Come on, Michael! | |
[55:03] | Mrs. Tuohy? | |
[55:04] | I hear “Mrs. Tuohy” I look over my shoulder for my mother-in-law. | 我听见Tuohy女士 我还以为你在叫我的婆婆呢 |
[55:08] | Call me Leigh Anne or Mama or almost anything else. | 叫我Leigh Anne 或者妈妈 或者别的什么 |
[55:14] | – Can you help me get something? – What? | 你能帮我一个忙吗? 什么? |
[55:19] | Driver’s licence. | 驾照 |
[55:23] | Why do you need a driver’s licence when you don’t even have a car? | 你要驾照干什么 再说你也没有车 |
[55:33] | Michael, why do yo want a driver’s licence? | Michael 你为什么想要得到驾照呢? |
[55:37] | Something to carry. With my name on it. | 搬点我自己的东西 |
[55:46] | There’s nobody named Michael Oher in the system. | 在系统里没有Michael Oher这个名字 |
[55:49] | Another last name perhaps? | 别的什么 其他的姓呢? |
[55:54] | Look, I will sign something that says he lives with us | 我会签所有能证明他和我们住在一起的文件 |
[55:57] | and we’ll pay for all the insurance; whatever it takes, okay? | 我会交所有的保险 不管花多少钱 行吗? |
[56:01] | What’s it gonna take? | 需要什么? |
[56:02] | – You wanna do what?! – You heard me. | 你想要做什么? 你听见我说的了 |
[56:05] | – Shouldn’t we at least talk about this? – What do you think we’re doing? | 我们是不是应该谈谈这个事 你认为我们是在做什么 |
[56:09] | And don’t act like I’m going behind your back. | 不要表现的像是被蒙在鼓里似的 |
[56:11] | I know you put us down as Michael’s medical contact at school. | 我知道你弄好了Michael在学校的医疗保险了 |
[56:15] | There’s a huge difference between paying for broken arm | 付受伤的胳膊的医疗费和收养某人 |
[56:18] | and being legally responsible for someone. | 是不一样的 |
[56:20] | I mean the kid we barly know. | 我的意思是 我们才刚开始接触这个孩子 |
[56:22] | That’s another thing. We need to find out more about his past. | 那是另外一码事 我们需要更多的他的过去 |
[56:25] | He won’t talk about it. He’s like an onion, | 他不愿说 他就像洋葱一样 |
[56:27] | you have to peel him back a layer at a time. | 你必须一点一点的剥开它 |
[56:29] | Not if you use a knife. | 如果你用刀的话就不用了 |
[56:32] | What if we took him to a child psychologist or something? | 如果我们带他去看心理医生什么的 |
[56:36] | – Do you really expect Big Mike— – “Michael” | 你真的期望Big Mike 是“Michael” |
[56:38] | You really expect Michael to lie down on a coach and talk about his childhood | 你真的期望Michael躺在沙发上 然后和你谈他的童年 |
[56:42] | like he’s Woody Allen or something? | 他会像Woody Allen(伟大的喜剧大师)似的? |
[56:43] | I mean, Michael’s gift is his ability to forget. | 我的意思是 Michael的天赋是他忘记的能力 |
[56:46] | He’s mad at no one and he really didn’t care what happened in the past. | 他不恨任何人 他真的不在乎他过去发生的事 |
[56:51] | You’re right. | 你的对的 |
[56:53] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[56:54] | “You’re right?” | 你是对的? |
[56:56] | How’d those words taste coming out of your mouth? | 这话从你嘴里冒出来会什么滋味呢? |
[56:59] | Like vinegar. | 醋的味道 |
[57:09] | At least promise me you’ll think about it. | 至少向我保证 你会认真考虑的 |
[57:12] | Alright. | 好的 |
[57:14] | “Alright” you’ll think about it or “alright” we should do it? | “好的” 是你会认真考虑 还是我们会这样做? |
[57:18] | Is there a difference? | 有不同吗? |
[57:22] | Just tell Gerald to hold on the chiffonier and I’ll get by after while. | 告诉Gerald看着那个衣橱 我一会就回去 |
[57:28] | You don’t… I got to call you back. Bye. | 你不要… 我一会打给你 |
[57:34] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[57:37] | I’m not cutting, I’m just asking. Let me tell you something, alright? | 我不是插队 我只是想问一问 我要告诉你一些事 |
[57:40] | We’ve been sitting around here for over an hour | 我们已经在这坐了一个多小时了 |
[57:42] | and when i look around and all I see | 当我看四周的时候 我所能看到的就是 |
[57:44] | is people shooting the bull and drinking coffee. | 人们在聊天 喝咖啡 |
[57:47] | Who runs this place? | 是谁负责这个地方? |
[57:51] | Well, I’d have it in shape in two days, I can tell you that. | 那好吧 就当我没说好了 |
[57:54] | I’d bet you would. How can I help you? | 我相信你会的 我能帮你什么? |
[57:56] | – Oh, he was first. – No, you go ahead. | 他先 不 你先来吧 |
[57:58] | – I think I want to hear this – Me too. | 我想听听 我也是 |
[58:01] | I do not appreciate the attitude. | 我不喜欢那个态度 |
[58:02] | Ma’am, now you can tell me what you want | 女士 你现在可以告诉我你想要什么 |
[58:06] | or I’ll make sure you wait all day. | 或者 我确信你将要在这呆一整天 |
[58:08] | Now how can I help you? | 现在我能帮你做什么? |
[58:10] | I’d like to become a legal guardian. | 我想要成为一个法定监护人 |
[58:12] | Lord help that child. | 上天保佑这个孩子 |
[58:18] | There’s very little on Michael. Most of his files have been lost. | 这里有很少Michael的资料 大部分他的资料都丢失了 |
[58:22] | – What is in there? – A few case notes. | 这里有什么 一些案子记录 |
[58:26] | This one describes an incident where Officers forcibly removed Michael | 这记录了一个事情是 |
[58:31] | from Denise Oher’s care when Michael was seven. | 在Michael7岁的时候 他被强制从他母亲身边带走 |
[58:33] | Quite a scene evidently. They had to split up the kids. | 他们不得不把孩子分开 |
[58:36] | And it’s far from the worst. | 远离坏的事情 |
[58:38] | Where is she? His mother? | 她在哪 ? 她的妈妈? |
[58:40] | Dunno, if you find her we got a bunch more files we could add to. | Dunno 如果你能找到她 我们就可以多加点信息了 |
[58:45] | – How many kids does she have? – At least a dozen, probably. | 她有多少个孩子? 最少十二个 我估计 |
[58:49] | If not more. With her drug arrest record | 即使没这么多 根据她吸毒被捕记录 |
[58:51] | my guess would be she can’t even remember. | 我估计她可能都不记得了 |
[58:54] | May I see that? | 让我看看 |
[59:00] | So we’d need her permission, right? | 所以我们需要她的允许 是吗? |
[59:03] | No. Michael is a word of the state. | 不 只要政府一句话 |
[59:05] | Just apply and get a Judge to sign off on it. | 只要申请 然后让法官签个字就行了 |
[59:11] | So you would just give him away without even telling his mother? | 所以你们要把他带走 而不用经过他妈妈的同意 |
[59:38] | Mrs. Oher? | Oher女士? |
[59:43] | Hi. | 你好 |
[59:45] | Mrs. Oher? | 是Oher女士吗? |
[59:48] | – You from the state? – No. | 你是政府派来的? 不是 |
[59:51] | My name is Leigh Anne Tuohy and your son Michael lives with me. | 我叫Leigh Anne Tuohy 你的儿子Michael和我住在一起 |
[59:58] | And my family. | 还有我的家庭 |
[1:00:07] | How’s my boy? How’s big Mike? | 我的儿子怎么样? |
[1:00:10] | He’s fine. He’s doing really well. | 他很好 他做得很好 |
[1:00:14] | We might have some wine in the kitchen, if you… | 我可以喝一些酒 如果你想要 |
[1:00:16] | Oh, no, no, no. That’s really kind. | 不 不用了 很感谢 |
[1:00:19] | When did you last see Michael? | 你最后一次见Michael是什么时候? |
[1:00:22] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:00:25] | How many foster kids you got living with you? | 你收养了多少个孩子? |
[1:00:29] | Oh, I’m not a foster parent to Michael. We were just helping him out. | 我不是Michael的养父母 我们只是帮助他 |
[1:00:33] | – State don’t pay you nothing? – No. | 政府不给你钱? 不给 |
[1:00:37] | And you feed him? You buy him clothes, too? | 你给他吃的 你还给他买衣服 |
[1:00:41] | Well, when I can find them in his size. | 是的 只要我能找到适合他的尺寸 |
[1:00:47] | You a fine Christian lady. | 你是一个好人 |
[1:00:50] | Well I try to be. | 我努力吧 |
[1:00:53] | This is all really nice what you’re doing, | 你做的非常好了 |
[1:00:56] | but don’t be surprised if one day you wake up and he gone. | 但是不要惊讶 当某天早晨你醒来后发现他不在了 |
[1:01:01] | – What do you mean? – He’s a “runner.” | 什么意思 他是一个“逃跑者” |
[1:01:04] | That’s what the state called him after they took him from me. | 政府的人这样叫他 自从他们把他带走后 |
[1:01:09] | Every foster home they sent him to, | 不管哪一个政府把他送去的抚养家庭 |
[1:01:13] | he’d slip out the window at night and come looking for me. | 他晚上都会从窗户溜出来 过来看我 |
[1:01:16] | No matter where I was that boy would come find me, take care of me. | 不管我在什么地方 那个孩子都能找到我 照顾我 |
[1:01:23] | I’ve had some health problems. | 我有健康上的问题 |
[1:01:28] | Mrs. Oher, was Michael born under a different name? | Oher女士 是不是Michael在出生的时候有不同的名字? |
[1:01:33] | Proctor. That was his Daddy’s last name. | Proctor 那是他父亲的姓 |
[1:01:37] | – Where is he? – Ain’t seen him since he left. | 他在什么地方 自从他离开后 就没见他 |
[1:01:41] | And when was that? | 那是什么时候 |
[1:01:43] | Week after was Mike born? | Mike出生后的几周后? |
[1:01:46] | Do you have his birth certificate? | 你有他的出生证明吗? |
[1:01:56] | It’s alright. I’ll figure it out. | 没事 我会想办法的 |
[1:02:14] | Mrs. Oher, you’ll always be Michael’s Mama. | Oher女士 你永远都是Michael的妈妈 |
[1:02:21] | Would you like to see him? | 你想要见见他吗? |
[1:02:22] | No. Not this way. | 不 不要这种方式 |
[1:02:29] | It’s Williams. | 是Williams |
[1:02:32] | His last name’s Williams. | 他的姓是Williams |
[1:02:37] | Couldn’t even remember who the boy’s father is. | 甚至不记得孩子的父亲是谁 |
[1:03:09] | The color is better, the graphic is bright. It’s awesome! | 更漂亮的颜色 图像也更好 绝对的! |
[1:03:12] | Michael, we have something we’d like to ask you. | Michael 我有一些事情想要问你 |
[1:03:16] | What? | 什么事? |
[1:03:18] | Leigh Anne and I, we… | Leigh Anne和我 我们想 |
[1:03:20] | Well… | |
[1:03:22] | We’d like to become your legal guardians. | 我们想要成为你的法定监护人 |
[1:03:25] | What’s that mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[1:03:26] | What it means is, that we want to know | 意思是 我们想要知道 |
[1:03:30] | if you’d like to become a part of this family? | 你是否想要成为我们家的一份子 |
[1:03:42] | I kinda thought I already was. | 我还认为我已经是了 |
[1:03:52] | Well alright then. | 好吧 |
[1:04:03] | Right here. | 看镜头 |
[1:04:08] | We got a couple of steps. | 小心台阶 |
[1:04:10] | – Watch your big foot. – One more. | 小心你的脚 还有一个台阶 |
[1:04:13] | One more. There we go. | 在一个 好了 |
[1:04:16] | Alright. Take off the belt. | 把带子拿下来吧 |
[1:04:23] | Well, that’s the one you want it, didn’t it? | 那个是你想要的 对吗 |
[1:04:28] | Here. Here you go. Go ahead. Take it for a ride. Go. | 给你 去兜兜风 去吧 |
[1:04:31] | – Can I go too? – Yeah. | 我能去吗? |
[1:04:32] | Michael? Be careful. | Michael 开车小心点 |
[1:04:39] | – He wanted a truck?! – Michael thinks he’s a redneck. | 他想要要一个卡车? 他认为很合适他啊 |
[1:04:43] | Come on, Michael! | |
[1:04:45] | Okay. See, you’re the ketchup, here at Left Tackle. On the weakside. | 看 你就是番茄酱 在左边 弱侧 |
[1:04:49] | The first play is simple. “Gap.” | 第一种战术很简单 “Gap” |
[1:04:54] | Now, see, dishes means you’re going to block whoever is in front of you, | 现在看,盘子代表着你要挡住你前面的任何人 |
[1:04:58] | or on your inside shoulder if you’re not covered by a defender. | 还有你内侧的人 如果你无人防守 |
[1:05:02] | Now, I’ll be the running back and you show me what you’re supposed to do. | 现在 我就是跑锋 看看你要怎么做 |
[1:05:06] | Ready…. Hike! | 准备 开始 |
[1:05:07] | You block him, you hit him, | 你挡住他 你撞到他 |
[1:05:10] | quarterback will hand it off, he gets the ball and… | 四分卫会传球 他接到了球 |
[1:05:14] | Open lane to the end zone. All there is to it. | 直达得分区 达阵 |
[1:05:16] | What’s going on here?! | 干什么呢你们 |
[1:05:19] | Player Spice just scored. | “香料”球员刚刚得分了 |
[1:05:20] | We’re going through the playbook. Michael got move to offense. | 我们正在看战术书 Michael 会进攻了 |
[1:05:23] | Yeah. Well, when you’re done, please, put the players back in the spice cabinet. | 那好吧 弄完后一切都给我归回原位 |
[1:05:26] | – Thank you. – No problem. | 谢谢 没问题 |
[1:05:29] | Oh, actually, Mom, we were kinda waiting for you. | 啊… 妈妈 事实上我们是在等你 |
[1:05:33] | You see, the new Madden game came out and me and Michael wanted to go get it. | 你看 新的橄榄球游戏出了 我和Michael想要去买 |
[1:05:37] | I can’t, baby. I’ve got a meeting in ten minutes | 我没时间 我十分钟后有个会议 |
[1:05:39] | But he can drive! | 但是 他会开车 |
[1:05:41] | He can drive us. | 他能带我们 |
[1:05:45] | Oh, yeah. That’s what I’m talking about. | 太棒了 我说的就是这个 |
[1:05:48] | – What do you know about this? – I already know all about this! | 你知道什么? 我全都知道 |
[1:05:50] | – Alright, show me something. – I’ll tell you something, alright? | 好吧 露两手看看 我让你看看我的厉害 |
[1:05:52] | I’ll start it. Follow my leads. | 我开始了 跟着我的节奏 |
[1:05:55] | – Ready? – Yes. | 准备好了吗? 好 |
[1:05:56] | # Next days function, high class luncheon # | |
[1:05:58] | # Food is served and you’re stone cold munchin’ # | |
[1:06:00] | # Music comes on, people start to dance # | |
[1:06:02] | # But then you ate so much you nearly split your pants # | |
[1:06:04] | # A girl starts walkin, guys start gawkin’ # | |
[1:06:06] | # Sits down next to you and starts talkin’ # | |
[1:06:08] | # Says she wanna dance cus she likes the groove # | |
[1:06:10] | # So come on fatso and just bust a move # | |
[1:06:13] | # If you want it, you’ve got it # | |
[1:06:17] | # if you want it baby you got it # | |
[1:06:21] | # If you want it, you’ve got it # | |
[1:06:25] | # if you want it baby you got it # | |
[1:06:33] | This is not a 40.000 dollar Oushak, Omeed. | 这不是4万美元的Oushak地毯 Omeed |
[1:06:36] | You’re crazy, Leigh Anne! | 你疯了 Leigh Anne! |
[1:06:37] | The borders have different width. They’ve been altered. | 边都不一样宽 肯定被修改过 |
[1:06:41] | We’ll give you seventeen tops, alright? | 我们最多给你一万七 |
[1:06:44] | Hello? | 你好 |
[1:06:49] | Hey, hey, ma’am. Ma’am, we check it. | 女士 你不是过去 |
[1:06:51] | Those are my kids. Those are my kids! | 他们是我的孩子 他们是我的孩子 |
[1:06:56] | Oh my God! | 我的天啊 |
[1:06:57] | – It will be okay. – Where are they? | 会没事的 他们在哪? |
[1:06:59] | I’m so sorry! I’m so sorry. Oh my God! | 对不起 都是我的错 我都干了什么! |
[1:07:00] | – Michael, you okay? – I’m fine. SJ! | Michael 你没事吧 我很好 去看看SJ |
[1:07:02] | – Michael, you’re alright? – Go help SJ! | Michael 你没事吧 去看SJ吧 |
[1:07:05] | I’m so sorry – so sorry! | 我真的很对不起 对不起 |
[1:07:10] | Excuse me, ma’am? | 对不起 女士 你不能过去 |
[1:07:11] | SJ! SJ! | |
[1:07:14] | – Mom? – Yes, baby? | 妈妈? 是的 亲爱的 |
[1:07:16] | Do you think the blood will come out of my shirt? | 你认为血会从衬衣里流出来吗? |
[1:07:20] | Yes, I think the blood will come out of your shirt. | 是的 我想会的 |
[1:07:23] | Ma’am, an airbag deploys at 200 miles an hour. | 女士 安全气囊会以200公里每小时的速度打开 |
[1:07:25] | Your son’s too small to sit in the front seat. | 你的儿子太小了还不能坐在前排 |
[1:07:27] | But he’s okay, right? | 但是 他没事是吧? |
[1:07:29] | Busted lip, bruised face. | 只是轻微的受伤 |
[1:07:31] | Usually when someone his size gets the airbag | 通常像他这样的身材受到安全气囊撞后 |
[1:07:33] | it’s fractured faces, a broken neck. | 头部骨折 扭伤脖子 |
[1:07:35] | Maybe worse. | 甚至更糟 |
[1:07:36] | Like the air bag was coming at him then changed direction. | 像是安全气囊要撞上他的时候 改变了方向 |
[1:07:40] | Quiet defective or something like that. | 没什么大事 |
[1:07:42] | Your son’s very, very lucky. | 你的儿子非常 非常的幸运 |
[1:07:45] | No idea. I called the insurance. He’s fine. He’s fine! | 不知道 我给保险公司打电话了 他没事 他没事 |
[1:07:48] | I’ll talk to you later. I got to go. Bye. | 一会在和你说 我要走了 |
[1:07:54] | SJ’s fine. | SJ没事 |
[1:07:57] | He is. He’s actually enjoying all the attention he’s getting back there. | 实际上 他正在那边吹牛呢 |
[1:08:03] | Hey, Michael. Could happen to anyone, alright? It’s not your fault. | 这有可能发生在任何人的身上 知道吗 这不是你的错 |
[1:08:08] | Honey, look at me. | 亲爱的 看的我 |
[1:08:16] | Michael, what happened to your arm? | Michael 你的手臂怎么了? |
[1:08:20] | I stopped it. | 我阻止了它 |
[1:08:40] | Let’s go! | 我们走 |
[1:08:47] | Oher! You’ve got a hundred pounds on Collis | Oher 你比Collis重一百磅 |
[1:08:50] | and you can’t keep him out of our backfield?! | 你不能让他碰我们的后场球员 |
[1:08:51] | Hold your block until the whistle blow. Hold it! | 防守住 直到哨声吹响 |
[1:08:54] | Alright, let’s go! | 好 开始 |
[1:08:57] | What’s with the camera? | 拿摄像机干什么? |
[1:08:58] | Michael always does better when he sees what he’s supposed to be doing. | 当他看到他怎么做后 他会做的更好的 |
[1:09:08] | – Holding … Left tackle. – Michael! Come on! | 别动 左内边锋 Michael 加油啊 |
[1:09:12] | Oher? Come here, son. | Oher 过来 |
[1:09:16] | You got to hold it. Hold it inside here, between the tits. You got it?! | 你必须要抓住这 这个地方 懂不懂? |
[1:09:21] | Would you look at me, son. | 你能看着我吗? |
[1:09:22] | If you grab ’em outside here like this without horse colour thing, you just did, | 如果你就这么抓的话 那就是另一回事了 如果你这样做 |
[1:09:26] | we’re going to get flagged and I’m gonna get pissed. You hear me? | 我们会被吹犯规 我也会非常生气的 你听见我说了的吗? |
[1:09:29] | Alright, let’s go! | 好的 继续 |
[1:09:32] | Baby, watch my stuff, alright? | 亲爱的 看着我的东西 |
[1:09:35] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:09:38] | Well at least he’ll look good coming off the bus. | 至少他刚下车时看起来还好点 |
[1:09:41] | They’ll be terrified ’til they realize he’s a marshmallow. | 他们会有所畏惧的 直到他们意识到他不过是个棉花糖而已 |
[1:09:47] | Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane. | 看起来想泰山 实际上是个女人 |
[1:09:52] | Gimme a minute, Bert. | 给我一分钟 Bert |
[1:09:54] | We’re in the middle of practice, Leigh Anne! | 我们正在训练呢 Leigh Anne |
[1:09:55] | You can thank me later. | 你一会会谢我的 |
[1:09:58] | Come. | 过来 |
[1:10:00] | Michael, | |
[1:10:01] | do you remember when we first met | 你记得我们第一次见面的时候吗 |
[1:10:03] | we went to that horrible part of town to buy those dreadful clothes? | 我们去那可怕的地方 买衣服的时候 |
[1:10:06] | And I was a little bit scared and you told me not to worry about, | 我有点害怕 你却告诉我不要担心 |
[1:10:08] | because you had my back. Do you remember that? | 因为你会保护我的 记得那些吗? |
[1:10:10] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 妈妈 |
[1:10:11] | And If anyone tried to get to me, you would have stopped them, alright? | 如果任何人想接近我 你会阻止他们 对吗? |
[1:10:15] | And when you and SJ were in that car wreck, | 当你和SJ发生车祸的时候 |
[1:10:17] | what did you do to that airbag? | 你对安全气囊做了什么 |
[1:10:20] | – I stopped it. – You stopped it. | 我阻止了它 |
[1:10:22] | You stopped it. | 对 你阻止了它 |
[1:10:24] | This team is your family, Michael. | 这支队伍就像你的家人一样 |
[1:10:26] | You have to protect them from those guys. | 你要保护他们 |
[1:10:28] | Okay? Listen. | 好吗 听着 |
[1:10:32] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:10:33] | Tony here is your quarterback, alright? You protect his blind side. | 假设Tony是你的四分卫 你要保护他的弱点 |
[1:10:36] | When you look at him, you think of me. | 当你看着他的时候 你就会想起我 |
[1:10:38] | How you had my back. How you have his. | 你怎样保护我的 你就怎么保护他 |
[1:10:41] | Okay? Alright. Tony, go back. | 好吗 好的 Tony 回去 |
[1:10:45] | Alright. | 好的 |
[1:10:47] | Oomaloompah here is your tailback. | Oomaloompah 是你的 攻方尾后卫 |
[1:10:49] | When you look at him, you think of SJ, | 你就把他当成SJ |
[1:10:51] | how you never let anyone or anything to hurt him. | 你不会让任何人伤害他的 |
[1:10:53] | You understand me? | 你懂我的意思了吗 |
[1:10:55] | Alright. Go back. | 好的 回去 |
[1:10:57] | – You got it? – What about Collins and Mr. Tuohy? | 你懂了吗? 那Collins 和Tuohy先生怎么办 |
[1:11:00] | Fine. They can be on the team too. | 你就当他们也在队伍里 |
[1:11:02] | Are you gonna protect the family, Michael? | 你要保护你的家人 是吗? |
[1:11:05] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 妈妈 |
[1:11:06] | Good boy. Now, go have some fun. | 好孩子 去吧 |
[1:11:14] | Yelling at him doesn’t work, Bert. Doesn’t trust men. | 对他大喊大叫是没用的 Bert |
[1:11:18] | In his experience they pretend to care about ’til they disappear. | 他的想法是 人们假装关心直到他们消失为止 |
[1:11:28] | Wanna little play? | 没事干吗? |
[1:11:32] | SJ, you’re gonna wanna get this. | SJ 准备好拍摄点精彩的吧 |
[1:11:35] | Okay. | |
[1:11:38] | Come on, Mike! | |
[1:11:55] | Alright. Michael! Come on! | |
[1:12:06] | – Yes! Michael! – Alright! Way to go! | 好样的 就这样干 |
[1:12:19] | Yes! | |
[1:12:23] | Good boy. | 好孩子 |
[1:12:36] | Okay. What’d you say to him? | 好吧 你和他说什么来 |
[1:12:39] | Should get to know your players, Bert. | 你应该先了解你的队员 Bert |
[1:12:42] | He tested 98 percent in protective instincts. | 他在保护意识测试中的得分是98 |
[1:12:48] | I said you could thank me later. | 我说过你完后会谢我的 |
[1:12:51] | It’s later, Bert. | 现在就是一会了 Bert |
[1:13:05] | So much for home field advantage. | 这就是主场优势啊 |
[1:13:07] | You ever seen so many Rednecks in one place? | 你见过这么多乡下人吗? |
[1:13:10] | Nascar, not even close. | Nascar(汽车比赛) 都没这么多 |
[1:13:15] | Crusaders! Get Ready for forty eight minutes of Hell! | “十字军们” 准备好煎熬吧 |
[1:13:19] | You have fat ass. | 你个大屁股 |
[1:13:22] | Hey, back on the field. | 该上场了 |
[1:13:24] | Let me go. Hold on. Listen up! Listen up! | 走吧 等等 听我说 听我说 |
[1:13:26] | Don’t let ’em get inside your head. Now, keep your focus. | 不要让他们打乱你们 注意力集中 |
[1:13:29] | – You ready? – “Yeah” | 准备好了吗? |
[1:13:30] | – Alright. Let’s go! – “Go” | |
[1:13:35] | – Come on! – Michael! | |
[1:13:39] | Damn, that ain’t fair! | 他奶奶的 这太不公平了 |
[1:13:40] | They got big ole’ black bear playing for ’em! | 他们那边有个黑熊 |
[1:13:43] | – What is this, a circus? – Right. | 这是什么 马戏团吗 哈哈 |
[1:13:46] | Eyes forward, SJ! Sticks and stones. | 看比赛 SJ 不要管别的 |
[1:13:48] | Sticks and stones! Come on! | 不要管别的 |
[1:14:10] | – Alright! | – Alright! Good start! 好的开始 |
[1:14:18] | Let’s go O! Let’s go! | |
[1:14:21] | Here we go. Look at this big bull we got right here. | 看这个大家伙 |
[1:14:24] | Coming after you! | Coming after you! 我会盯着你的! 你是我的了! |
[1:14:27] | All night. All night. | 整场比赛 整场比赛 |
[1:14:39] | Don’t let him get through, Oher! Come on, son! | 不要让他过去 Oher 加油啊 |
[1:14:42] | Boy! All night long, fat ass! All night long! | 长夜漫漫啊 死胖子 |
[1:14:46] | I got you, boy. All night long! | 你是我的了 死胖子 |
[1:14:51] | That’s my boy! | 那才是我的儿子 |
[1:14:53] | – It’s alright, Michael! – It’s alright. Come on! | 没事的 Michael 加油 |
[1:14:55] | – Let’s go! – Take it off. Come on! | 加油 重新来过 |
[1:15:00] | Here we go! Round two, baby! Round two! | 第二回合了! 第二回合了! |
[1:15:09] | – Switch! Switch! – Get it! Get it! Get it! Go! | 换位 换位 知道了! 知道了! |
[1:15:20] | Oher, don’t let them get the inside gap zone! | Oher 不要让他们靠近缺口区 |
[1:15:22] | – Come on! Use your head! – What is Bert doing? Nothing. | 加把劲 用用你们的脑子 Bert在做什么呢? 屁也没做 |
[1:15:28] | Hey, fat boy. We’re not done yet. | 黑胖子 我们还没完呢 |
[1:15:31] | All game long, boy! All game long! | 整场比赛 整场比赛 |
[1:15:34] | Alright. Alright. | |
[1:15:37] | Go! | |
[1:15:39] | Pass! Pass! Pass! | 传啊! 传啊! 传啊! |
[1:15:42] | Stop! Oh! | 防住他! |
[1:15:48] | Why another pass, Bert? | 为什么还要传球啊 Bert? |
[1:15:50] | Hey! Where you going, fat boy? | 你去哪了 黑胖子 |
[1:15:52] | Better stay out of my field. | 还是呆在我这边吧 |
[1:15:53] | You are not welcome here! This is my field! | 我的地盘 我做主! |
[1:15:56] | Sixty six, get beck to your own bank. | 66号 回到你的场地 |
[1:15:58] | Bert! Be quiet! Bert! | Bert! 闭嘴 Bert! |
[1:16:10] | – Hello? – Umm… | |
[1:16:11] | Enough with the trick plays, Bert. Run the dang ball. | 不要再玩把戏了 Bert 跑阵啊! |
[1:16:16] | You heard it. Run the dang ball. Run it. | 听见没 跑阵啊 跑啊… |
[1:16:21] | Wait a minute, did he just hanged up the phone? | 他挂了我的电话 他竟然挂了我的电话 |
[1:16:22] | – No, I think he lost service. – He did not lose service. | 不是 他没信号了 他有信号啊 |
[1:16:26] | That’s my boy, Jimmy! Number 66! | 那才是我的儿子 Jimmy 66号 |
[1:16:29] | Kicking that blue guy’s ass. | 狠狠地踢他们的屁股 |
[1:16:34] | Hey crotch mouth! | Hey 臭嘴! |
[1:16:36] | Yeah, you! | 对 就是你 |
[1:16:37] | Zip it or I’ll come up there zip it for ya! | 闭嘴 要不然我上去给你缝住! |
[1:16:43] | Sticks and stones? | 这叫镇定吗? |
[1:16:44] | You know what, SJ? Just turn forward. | 赶紧看你的比赛 |
[1:16:47] | Just take up the camera and keep shoot. Come on. | 拿上摄像机 摄你的像 |
[1:17:06] | It’s alright. Alright. Alright. We come back for now. | 没事的 没事的 我们再来过 |
[1:17:27] | Go! | |
[1:17:32] | Come on! Get him! | 加油啊! 放倒他! |
[1:17:35] | Gone. He’s gone. | 他过去了 |
[1:17:42] | We got to shut the whole off. | 不应该让他过去啊 |
[1:17:46] | Unbelievable. Three plays. Three plays. Where were we… 4.3? | 不敢相信 打了三次 现在多少了 4还是3啊? |
[1:17:50] | Come on. | |
[1:17:56] | Baby, me and you. Me and you, baby. One more time. | 死胖子 就我和你 再来一次 |
[1:17:59] | Here we go! | 准备了! |
[1:18:17] | Alright, we got to cut back! We got to cut back! | 好了 赶紧回去 赶紧回去! |
[1:18:20] | Come on. Let’s go! | 赶紧的 走了 |
[1:18:21] | Black piece of crap! | 垃圾一个 |
[1:18:23] | Hey! Hey! | |
[1:18:24] | Raf! Are you gonna do something about this?! | Raf 你不准备做点什么吗 |
[1:18:27] | He just kicked my boy in the head and cussed him! | 他犯规了 踢我队员的头 |
[1:18:30] | Thank you! | 谢谢 |
[1:18:32] | Unsportsmanlike conduct… Wingate! Fifteen yards! | 违反体育道德犯规 Wingate 罚15码 |
[1:18:35] | What?! | 什么? |
[1:18:36] | You shut up, or you’ll get another fifteen. | 你给我闭嘴 要不再判你个15码 |
[1:18:42] | This young man plays for my team. My team! | 这个孩子我的球员 |
[1:18:45] | And I will defend him like he’s my own son. | 我会像我的儿子一样保护他 |
[1:18:48] | Against you or any other redneck sonofabitch! | 你个王八蛋 |
[1:18:54] | Don’t worry, Coach. I got your back. | 不要担心 教练 我会保护你的 |
[1:18:57] | Alright then. | 那好 那好 |
[1:19:07] | Come here, son. Come here. | |
[1:19:09] | Try “Gap.” | 试试 “Gap”战术 |
[1:19:11] | – “Gap?” – “Gap.” | |
[1:19:13] | Alright, gun rip, 47 Gap, on and on. Ready? | 好吧 撕开防线 47号突进 一个接一个得 准备好了吗? |
[1:19:23] | Coach ain’t here to protect you now, is he? | 这可没教练保护你了 |
[1:19:33] | Ready! | 预备! |
[1:19:36] | Team is your family, Michael. | 球队就像你的家人一样 |
[1:19:44] | Go! | |
[1:19:51] | Go back, go back! Block them all! | 冲啊! 冲啊! 挡住他们 |
[1:19:54] | We got to hold! We got to hold! | 坚持住! 坚持住啊! |
[1:19:57] | Oh god! | 我的天啊! |
[1:20:00] | – Run, Michael! – SJ! SJ! | 跑啊 Michael! |
[1:20:02] | – Michael! – Run, Michael! Run! | 加油啊 Michael! |
[1:20:03] | Go! | |
[1:20:08] | – Go, Mike! – Go, Michael. | |
[1:20:13] | Touchdown! | 达阵 |
[1:20:21] | Yo! Deliverance! You see number 74? | “臭嘴” 你看见74号队员了吗? |
[1:20:26] | Well, that’s MY son. | 非常好 那是我的儿子 |
[1:20:29] | – Way to go big bro! – See, here’s what we got it. | 就这做 老哥! 怎么判 |
[1:20:32] | – Dead ball foul. – Now what?! | 死球犯规 又怎么了? |
[1:20:33] | – Was he holding! – No. | 他抓人犯规了吗? 不是 |
[1:20:35] | – Did he hit after the whistle? – I don’t believe so. | 是吹哨后有犯规吗 我不这样认为 |
[1:20:39] | So what is the flag for? | 那旗子是什么意思 |
[1:20:41] | I dunno… Excessive blocking. | 我不知道 过分阻挡 |
[1:20:45] | You’re kidding me. | 你给我开玩笑吧 |
[1:20:50] | Sorry, Coach. I stopped when I heard the whistle. | 对不起 教练 我停下了 当我听到哨响后 |
[1:20:53] | Where were you taking him, Mike? | 你把他弄哪去了 |
[1:20:55] | To the bus. That was the time for him to go home. | 去公共汽车那边了 我想他该回家了 |
[1:21:01] | Attaboy, Michael Oher. Attaboy! Go get ’em. Go get ’em, Crusaders! | 好孩子 去搞定他们! |
[1:21:54] | Rub the heads! Rub the heads! Alright! Let’s go! | 摸下头! 摸摸头 好的 加油继续 |
[1:22:03] | Go! | |
[1:22:05] | Stay! | 呆在这! |
[1:22:26] | Red, 41! | Red, 41! |
[1:22:53] | Tom Lemming Recruiting, please hold… | Tom Lemming公司 请稍等… |
[1:22:56] | Tom Lemming Recruiting, please hold…. | |
[1:22:58] | Coach Saban wants his monthly recruitment update Fed Ex. | Saban教练让把每月招募队员的资料用联邦快递发过去 |
[1:23:02] | Does he really think getting it one day early is gonna give LSU a leg up? | 他真的认为早一天接到资料就能帮助LSU夺冠吗? |
[1:23:07] | Hey, have you filled all the slots for the Army All Star Game? | 明星阵容都安排好了吗? |
[1:23:09] | Yeah, why? | 是的 为什么? |
[1:23:11] | You might want to open one up. | 你或许想看看这个 |
[1:23:51] | What did I tell you? | 我告你什么来着 |
[1:24:02] | I want him. I want him bad. | 我要他了 非他不可 |
[1:24:05] | Y-E-L-L! Everybody yell! Say, everybody yell! | |
[1:24:10] | Y-E-L-L! Everybody yell! | |
[1:24:14] | Nice kick this time, Collins. Nice job. | 干的好 |
[1:24:17] | What in the world? | 这个世界怎么了? |
[1:24:19] | Alright. Y’all keep practicing. Remember point your toes. | 好的 你们继续训练 记住踢腿 |
[1:24:22] | One, two, three, one! | |
[1:24:24] | One, two, three, two! | |
[1:24:26] | One, two, three, three! | |
[1:24:32] | Shoot, man, Fulmer’s here. I might as well go home. | 他妈的 Fulmer也来了 估计没机会了 |
[1:24:36] | What to say, fellas? How’s doing your life? | 大家怎么样? |
[1:24:39] | I came all the way from Knoxville, to see for myself. | 我大老远亲自从诺克斯威尔来的 |
[1:24:42] | Hey, Coach. We drove from Clemson, nine hours! | 教练 我们开了9小时的车从克莱姆森来的 |
[1:24:45] | Coach Fulmer, it’s a real honor. | Fulmer教练 我非常荣幸 |
[1:24:47] | Coach Cotton, my pleasure. I watched your program you’ve done really well. | Cotton教练 我看你的比赛 做的很不错 |
[1:24:50] | I don’t think there is any question that you’ll be at the next level soon. | 毫无疑问你也会在更高级的联盟做的很好的 |
[1:24:53] | Oh, well, you know, we do all we can, all we got. | 你知道 我们只是尽力而为 |
[1:24:57] | Is that Michael? Is that O’Hair? | 那个就是Michael吗? 叫O’Hair? |
[1:25:00] | It’s Oher. | 叫Oher |
[1:25:01] | Like a paddle in a boat. Oher. | 像船桨一样 Oher |
[1:25:08] | You think we might see some drills? | 你认为我们可以看看冲撞训练吗? |
[1:25:10] | Perhaps… I think all the Coaches would appreciate it. | 我认为所有教练都会想看看的 |
[1:25:12] | – Yeah? – Oh, yes, sir. You bet. | 好的 当然 |
[1:25:16] | Listen up, fellas! New board drill! | 大家听好了 对抗训练! |
[1:25:19] | Big Mike, Jay Collis. Best on best. Right here. | Big Mike 和 Jay Collis 最好的 对 最好的 |
[1:25:22] | Let’s go! Come on! come on! | 赶紧的 赶紧的! |
[1:25:31] | On my whistle, men! | 听我的哨声 |
[1:25:53] | Wow! | |
[1:26:01] | Coach, thank you. | 谢谢你 教练 |
[1:26:02] | – Where are you going, Coach? – Back to South Carolina. | 你去哪啊 我要回南卡罗来纳州去 |
[1:26:05] | You tell to Michael Oher, if he can qualify with his grades… | 你告诉Michael Oher 如果他的成绩能合格 |
[1:26:08] | Clemson wants him. | 克莱姆森就要他了 |
[1:26:09] | Yeah. Good luck with that, Brad! | 祝你好运啊 Brad! |
[1:26:12] | Coach, you’ve done a great job with this young man. | 教练 你对这个年轻人的培养非常好 |
[1:26:14] | Oh, well he was little rough when we first got him | 我刚发现他的时候 他还是有点不行 |
[1:26:16] | but we, you know, coached him up a little bit. | 但是 你知道 细心指导了他一下 |
[1:26:30] | Hello, mom. | |
[1:26:31] | Did you know that to be eligible for a Division One scholarship | 你知不知道拿到奖学金的要求 |
[1:26:34] | Michael’s gonna need to make it a 2.5 GPA? | Michael的成绩 需要达到2.5才行 |
[1:26:38] | Really? | 真的? |
[1:26:38] | His ACT is low and I don’t see him doing any better if he retakes it right there. | 他的大学测试成绩很低 我不认为他重考会有什么不同 |
[1:26:43] | – What’s his GPA now? – 1.76. 1.76 | 他现在的成绩是多少 |
[1:26:47] | Oh, that’s not too bad, when you consider where he started. | 还不是太坏 如果你想想他的起点 |
[1:26:49] | He’s gonna make it all A’s this year. | 他今年要全部达到A |
[1:26:52] | I’m serious. And that might not even be enough. | 我是认真的 估计那都不够 |
[1:26:56] | So he goes to Junior College? | 所以他要大专吗? |
[1:26:58] | Most inner city kids that go to JC drop out in the first year. | 大部分穷人区的孩子上大专第一年就辍学了 |
[1:27:01] | and shot at the pros would go out the window. | 摆脱的进入职业圈的理想 |
[1:27:04] | Pros? Are we even sure he’s gonna get college offers? | 职业圈?我们都还不知道他是不是有大学邀请? |
[1:27:10] | Michael, Nick Saban from LSU. (Louisiana State University) | 我是路易斯安那州立大学的Nick Saban |
[1:27:12] | I’m looking forward to you’re coming down and visit us sometime. | 我希望你有时间过来看看 |
[1:27:15] | Gready. I’m Lou Holtz form South Carolina. I’m call… | 你好 我南卡罗来纳州大学的Lou Holtz 我打电话是… |
[1:27:18] | We’re very interested in having Michael over to Knoxville for a visit. | 我们很希望Michael来诺克斯维尔看看 |
[1:27:23] | – Phil Fulmer, from Tennessee? – There’s twenty more among there. | 我是来自田纳西州大学的Phil Fulmer 这还有20多个呢 |
[1:27:26] | And these things right here. Fifty of ’em. | 那些东西 他们中的50个 |
[1:27:29] | Any of those from Ole Miss? | 有密西西比大学的吗? |
[1:27:30] | No, they’re not gonna start recruiting until they hire a another coach. | 不 直到他们雇另外一个教练前他们不会招人了 |
[1:27:34] | Does make any difference unless Michael makes his grades. | 没什么区别了 如果Michael的成绩不过关的话 |
[1:27:39] | So, what are we going to do? | 我们应该怎么做? |
[1:27:42] | I understand you applied for a teaching position at Wingate? | 我知道你申请了一个在Wingate教书的机会 |
[1:27:46] | I won’t religious enough for ’em. | 不对他们来说不够虔诚 |
[1:27:49] | I’m a spiritual person, Mrs. Tuohy, but I have certain, shall we say… doubts. | 我是信仰的 但我还是有点疑问 |
[1:27:55] | Oh, I appreciate your honesty, Miss Sue. | 我欣赏你的诚实 Miss Sue |
[1:27:58] | – What’s the situation with Michael? – He needs to be better in school. | Michael现在是什么情况 他需要更好的成绩 |
[1:28:01] | Obviously. Why the big push? | 很明显 但为什么提高那么多呢? |
[1:28:04] | Well, he’s in line for football scholarship | 他要争取得到橄榄球奖学金 |
[1:28:06] | if he gets his grades up. | 如果他的成绩达标 |
[1:28:08] | – Is he considering Ole Miss? – He’d better be. | 他考虑了密西西比大学吗? 那最好不过了 |
[1:28:13] | – I’d love to work with him. – Well, when’d you like to start? | 我喜欢和他一起工作 好的 你们什么时候开始 |
[1:28:17] | Ms. Tuohy… Umm… There’s something you should know about me. | Tuohy女士 这里有些事情你要知道 |
[1:28:22] | I don’t usually tell many people, but it’s something I feel should be aware of | 通常不怎么和别人说起 但是我意识到 |
[1:28:25] | before you hire me. | 在你雇我之前我需要告诉你 |
[1:28:29] | What is it? | 什么事 |
[1:28:31] | I ‘m a Democrat. | 我是一个民主党派的人 |
[1:28:34] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[1:28:41] | – I don’t understand it. – Yet. | 我不懂这些 只是现在还没懂 |
[1:28:44] | You don’t understand it yet. | 你只是现在还没有明白而已 |
[1:28:48] | – How big is your head, Michael? – Big. | 你的头有多大啊 Michael 很大 |
[1:28:52] | And what’s in there? | 里面都装的什么啊 |
[1:28:53] | – A brain. | – A brain. 大脑 大脑 |
[1:28:55] | It’s full of knowledge – | 全是知识 |
[1:28:56] | like a file cabinet with maps; | 就像一个放满地图的柜子 |
[1:28:59] | and shortcuts for figuring things out. | 和解决事情的捷径 |
[1:29:02] | You’ll get there, Michael Oher | 你会成功的 Michael Oher |
[1:29:04] | because I’m to help you use those maps and reach your destination. | 因为我会帮助你使用那些地图 达到你的目的地 |
[1:29:07] | Like Sacagawea helped Lewis and Clark. | 就像莎卡嘉薇亚帮助刘易斯和克拉克一样 |
[1:29:10] | Sacagawea? | 莎卡嘉薇亚 |
[1:29:11] | We’ll get to that. And the history books have it wrong, | 你会知道的 历史书上也不一定是全对的 |
[1:29:15] | All you need to know is I’ll get you there. | 你所要知道的只是 我会帮助你的 |
[1:29:19] | Do you believe me? | 你相信我吗? |
[1:29:24] | You trust me, Michael? | 你信任我吗? |
[1:29:28] | Yes, Miss Sue. | |
[1:29:31] | Try it again. | 再试一遍 |
[1:29:34] | Now, what’s the next one? Read that to me. | 下一个是什么 读给我看看 |
[1:29:36] | Hey, what does it say? As first, we have to find the constant. | 它怎么说的 首先 我们必须先找到一个常量 |
[1:29:40] | Now, where is the constant? | 这个常量在什么地方 |
[1:29:42] | Good. See? | 很好 看见没? |
[1:29:45] | Who’d thought we’d have a black son before we knew a Democrat. | 谁会想到在我们认识一个民主党人之前 有了一个黑人孩子 |
[1:29:50] | – Doorbell! – I got a guest. | 门铃响了 我来 |
[1:29:56] | Coach, how are you? Come in. | 教练 你好 请进 |
[1:29:57] | – Sean Tuohy. – Sean. | |
[1:29:59] | – Nick Saban. Nice to meet you. – Nice to see you. Pleasure. | Nick Saban 见到你很高兴 见到你很高兴 |
[1:30:01] | I appreciate the opportunity to come in your home. | 我非常感谢能有这个机会来这里 |
[1:30:03] | – That’s my daughter, Collins. – Hi. Pleasure to meet you. | 那是我的女儿 Collins 见到你很高兴 |
[1:30:06] | – And you must be Leigh Anne. – That would be me, Coach Saban. | 你肯定就是Leigh Anne 就是我 Saban教练 |
[1:30:09] | – Nice to meet you. – Me too. | 见到你很高兴 我也是 |
[1:30:10] | Please, call me Nick. | 叫我Nick就行了 |
[1:30:12] | With an incredible home. The window valances are a nice touch. | 很棒的房子 窗帘的短幔质感也很不一样 |
[1:30:16] | Oh, thank you. You obviously have an excellent taste. | 谢谢 你的品位很不错 |
[1:30:20] | Well we appreciate the quality. And recognize it when we see it. | 谢谢夸奖 一眼就知道是谁了 |
[1:30:25] | Michael, why don’t you come over here and say hello to Coach Saban. | Michael 过来和Saban教练打个招呼 |
[1:30:27] | Hello, Michael. Nick Saban. | 你好 Michael 我是Nick Saban |
[1:30:29] | – Nice to meet you. | – Nice to meet you. 见到你很高兴 见到你很高兴 |
[1:30:30] | – And you must be SJ. – That’s me. | 你肯定就是SJ 那就是我 |
[1:30:33] | Michael, why don’t you and Nick go into the living room to talk? | Michael 你为什么不带教练去客厅谈谈呢? |
[1:30:37] | Can SJ come? | SJ能一起来吗? |
[1:30:38] | Absolutely. We’ll recruit the both of you. | 当然可以 我要你们两个人 |
[1:30:40] | Alright. | 好的 |
[1:30:44] | I find him extremely handsome. | 我发现他特别的帅 |
[1:30:46] | Yeah, I’m right here, Leigh Anne. | 我还在这呢 Leigh Anne |
[1:30:48] | Yeah, I know. | 我知道啊 |
[1:30:50] | So Michael, we’d like to get you down to LSU for visit. | 好吧Michael 我们希望你能去路易斯安那州立大学看看 |
[1:30:53] | We’ve got a great thing going there right now, | 我们那里非常好 |
[1:30:55] | you have an opportunity to be successful as a person, as a student, | 你很有机会在那里获得成功的 |
[1:30:59] | and an opportunity to be a part of the next National Championship team with LSU. | 有机会成为下一届冠军球队LSU的一员 |
[1:31:03] | So what do you say? You’d like to commit to a visit? | 所以你觉得怎么样 你想来看看吗? |
[1:31:06] | – Can I ask a question? – Sure. | 我能问个问题吗? 当然 |
[1:31:08] | My brother and I are very close. | 我和我兄弟关系非常好 |
[1:31:10] | And so… I’m very afraid that if he goes off to school, | 所以 我害怕如果他去了学校 |
[1:31:15] | I might not get to see him. | 我可能就见不到他了 |
[1:31:17] | – So … – Go on. | 所以… 继续 |
[1:31:19] | I guess I was just wondering how much access I’d have to him. | 我想 我有多少机会能够见到他 |
[1:31:23] | Well, SJ, you’d have total access to Michael. | 好吧 SJ 你任何时候都能见到Michael |
[1:31:25] | But better than that, in his first game at Tiger stadium, | 那更好的是 在老虎体育场他第一场比赛中 |
[1:31:29] | we would like for you to lead the team out of the tunnel. | 我们想要你带领我们走出球员通道 |
[1:31:31] | – What do you think about that? – Sounds good. | 你觉得怎么样? 听起来很棒 |
[1:31:49] | Come on in! | 请进! |
[1:31:50] | Gready. I’m Lou Holtz. The University of South Carolina. | 你好 我是来自南卡罗来纳州大学的Lou Holtz |
[1:31:53] | Leigh Anne Tuohy. Nice to meet you. Come on in. Michael! | 我是Leigh Anne Tuohy 见到你很高兴 请进 Michael! |
[1:31:56] | Hello. I’m Tommy Tuberville. Albany University. | 你好 我是来自纽约州立大学的Tommy Tuberville |
[1:31:58] | Leigh Anne Tuohy. Nice to meet you. Michael! Michael! | 我是Leigh Anne Tuohy 见到你很高心 |
[1:32:01] | Howdy, Houston Nutt. University of Arkansas. | 你好 我是阿肯色大学的Houston Nutt |
[1:32:03] | Leigh Anne Tuohy. Very nice to meet you. | Leigh Anne Tuohy 见到你很高兴 |
[1:32:04] | – Ole Miss Cup, huh? – Michael! Michael! | 密西西比大学的杯子? |
[1:32:09] | Oh, come on. You know this. | 加油 你能行的 |
[1:32:12] | It’s logical. | 很简单啊 |
[1:32:25] | I guarantee you come to the University of South Carolina | 我保证你进入南加州大学 |
[1:32:27] | will be the smartest decision you’ve ever made. | 是你最好的选择 |
[1:32:30] | We want you, we need you, but the other thing is, | 我们想要你 我们需要你 但最重要的事是 |
[1:32:32] | Mike, you need us. | Mike 你需要我们 |
[1:32:38] | Knoxville is a tremendous place to live and… | 诺克斯维尔是个住的好地方 |
[1:32:42] | I know there’s lions, there’s tigers, there’s bears… | 我知道这有狮子 这有老虎 这有熊… |
[1:32:45] | Hey, there’s only one razorback in the world. | 但这世界上只有一个剃刀鲸(阿肯色大学的吉祥物) |
[1:32:47] | …and not only that, you’d look great in Gamecock Red! | 不仅仅那些 你穿起南卡罗来纳大学的球服来一定很棒 |
[1:32:51] | What’s in if for me? | 我能够得到什么? |
[1:32:52] | SJ, I’d get you a hawkhat, and for whole family a hawkhat. | 我会给你和你的家人没人一顶鹰队帽子 |
[1:32:56] | Are you telling me, that’s the best you can do? | 你是说你就是你能做的最好的? |
[1:32:58] | SJ, you remind me of me as a boy. | SJ 你让我想起了我小的时候 |
[1:33:01] | Coach, help me, help you. | 教练 帮我 也是帮你自己 |
[1:33:03] | I can get you a Gamecock headdress. And with real feathers. | 我可以给你一个真的羽毛做的斗鸡头饰 |
[1:33:16] | What you got for me, Phil? | 你能给我什么东西 Phil? |
[1:33:17] | SJ, I’ve been thinking a lot of about that and one of the things | SJ 我想了很多 但有件事 |
[1:33:20] | that think will be special for both of us is we’ll walk arm in arm | 是最特别的 我们可以手拉的手进场 |
[1:33:23] | to center of Union Stadium at the first ball game, | 在联合中心球场在第一场比赛里 |
[1:33:26] | and we’ll do the coin toss together. | 并且我们一起投硬币 |
[1:33:28] | How’s that sound? | 听起来怎么样? |
[1:33:29] | Coach Fulmer, a pleasure doing a business with you | Fulmer教练和你合作很愉快 |
[1:33:31] | My pleasure, SJ. you bet, buddy. | 我的荣幸 SJ |
[1:33:44] | Congratulations on gettin’ hired. | 恭喜你被聘请了 |
[1:33:46] | Thank you, Ma’am. Ole Miss is my dream job. | 谢谢你 女士 在密西西比大学工作是我的梦想 |
[1:33:50] | You’re coming a little late to the party but we’re diehard Rebels | 你来的有点晚了 但我们是守旧的人 |
[1:33:52] | so I’m gonna give you a frickin’ road map. | 所以我给你的提醒 |
[1:33:54] | – Alright? – Got it. | 好吗? 知道了 |
[1:33:56] | LSU is out. Everybody knows Saban’s going to the NFL. | 路易斯安那州立大学出局了 每个人都知道Saban教练要去全国橄榄球联盟了 |
[1:33:59] | I don’t wanna name names, but on Michael’s first two recruitment trips | 我不想提名字 但在Michael前两个的招聘行程中 |
[1:34:02] | somebody took him to the tittybar. | 有人带他去了tittybar(夜总会之类的地方) |
[1:34:04] | – That’s terrible. – Tell me about it. | 太糟糕了 不用你说 |
[1:34:05] | He’ll have nightmares about for a weeks. So when he comes to visit | 他会做一个礼拜噩梦的 所以当你带他出去的时候 |
[1:34:08] | I want you to feed him Italian – he likes Fettucine Alfredo – | 我想要你带他去吃意大利好吃的 他喜欢Fettucine Alfredo(意大利面的一种) |
[1:34:10] | and I want you to take him to a movie – not Chainsaw Massacre | 我想让他去看看电影 但不要看《电锯杀人狂》 |
[1:34:14] | because he’ll just cover his eyes – and get him to bed by ten. | 他会不敢看的 10点让他睡觉 |
[1:34:17] | – You got it? – Yes’m. | 懂了吗? 是的 女士 |
[1:34:19] | – Alright. – What about Tennessee? | 好的 那田纳西州大学怎么样? |
[1:34:22] | It breaks my heart but they’re still in the hunt. | 它伤了我的心 但他们还在努力 |
[1:34:24] | Fulmer made SJ a sweet deal. | Fulmer给了SJ一个不错的条件 |
[1:34:26] | I heard the kid can really pepper the gumbo. | 我听说那小子很难搞定 |
[1:34:29] | He’s his daddy’s boy. | 有其父必有其子 |
[1:34:31] | – You ready? – Lets’ do it. | 你准备好了吗? 让我们开始 |
[1:34:32] | Alright. | 好 |
[1:34:34] | Mike, do you like to barbecue? I tell you what, Mike. | Mike 你喜欢烧烤吗 我告诉你啊 |
[1:34:36] | You can go to the gas station and get best barbecue, | 你会在加油站的商店里吃到最棒的烧烤 |
[1:34:39] | you’ve ever got in your life. | 你从来没吃过的 |
[1:34:40] | It’s a wonderful place to live, fried catfishes, | 那也是个住的好地方 还有炸鲶鱼 |
[1:34:43] | all the good food that we love to eat | 很多好吃的东西 |
[1:34:45] | but it’s not good for us as football players, | 但对我们球员不是很好 |
[1:34:46] | you’d have to be aware, Mike. I promise. | 你必须意识到这点 |
[1:34:48] | And for you, SJ, this is what I can do. | 对你来说 SJ 我所能做的是 |
[1:34:51] | At Ole Miss we have the Grove by the stadium. | 在密西西比 我们有小树林在球场边上 |
[1:34:53] | We walk it before every game, in front of thousands of people. | 每场比赛之前我都从那走过 这有成千上万的人 |
[1:34:57] | It is a sacrad ritual. And I’m in front. | 这是一种仪式 我会走在前面 |
[1:34:59] | Seen it a thousand times. | 看了好几百遍了 |
[1:35:01] | Ever seen it from the front of the line? | 在第一排看过没? |
[1:35:03] | Next year, you and me; leading the team. | 下个赛季 你和我一起 |
[1:35:05] | Tennessee offered to let me run on the field and flip the coin. | 田纳西州大学让我能进入场地 还让我扔硬币呢 |
[1:35:12] | I’ll throw in a sideline pass. | 我能让你在边界上看球 |
[1:35:24] | Have you decided yet, Michael? | 你决定好了吗 Michael ? |
[1:35:27] | No, Miss Sue. | 还没有呢 Miss Sue |
[1:35:29] | But you like Tennessee? | 但你喜欢田纳西州大学? |
[1:35:33] | It’s a good school. | 那是一所非常好的学校 |
[1:35:35] | Not at academic level of Ole Miss, | 虽然没有密西西比大学的教育水平高 |
[1:35:37] | but they have an outstanding science department. | 但他们在科学领域的研究非常突出 |
[1:35:41] | You know what they’re famous for? | 你知道他们最著名的是什么吗? |
[1:35:44] | They work with the FBI | 他们和FBI一起工作 |
[1:35:46] | to study the effects of the soil on decomposing body parts. | 研究土壤对分解残骸的影响 |
[1:35:50] | What’s that mean? | 那是什么意思? |
[1:35:52] | Well when they find a body, the police want to know how long it’s been dead. | 当FBI发现尸体的时候 他们想要知道他死了多长时间 |
[1:35:56] | So the fine fox at Tennessee help them out. | 所以田纳西州大学帮助他们 |
[1:36:00] | They have a lot of body parts. | 他们有很多残骸 |
[1:36:02] | Arms and legs and hands – form hospitals and medical schools. | 手臂啊 腿啊 手啊 从医院和医学院来的 |
[1:36:12] | And you know where they store them? | 你知道他们把他们埋在什么地方吗? |
[1:36:18] | Right underneath the football field. | 就在球场下面 |
[1:36:22] | So, while it’s fine and dandy, there’re 100,000 fans cheering for you, | 所以 当有球迷们为你们欢呼时不会有事的 |
[1:36:27] | the bodies, you should be worried about are right underneath the turf. | 你要担心地下的那些尸体 |
[1:36:32] | Set to poke up through the ground and grab you. | 从地下伸出来 抓住你 |
[1:36:40] | But it’s your decision where you wanna play ball. | 但是这是你的决定 你想去哪打球就去哪 |
[1:36:43] | Don’t let me influence you. | 不要让我影响了你的决定 |
[1:37:14] | All the other teachers are on board, I don’t know, what your problem is. | 所有其他的老师们都通过了 我不明白你为什么不让呢 |
[1:37:17] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:37:18] | I will not give a student a grade he, or she, doesn’t deserve. | 我不会给学生他或她不配的成绩的 |
[1:37:21] | Well, Michael needs a B. | 好吧 Michael需要个B |
[1:37:25] | What is he have to do to “deserve” that? | 他需要做什么才能配拿到呢 |
[1:37:29] | Right now is Michael doing C minus, D plus work. | 现在Michael的水平也就是C- D+左右吧 |
[1:37:33] | His best chance at improving is with the written essay | 他最好的机会就是论文写作了 |
[1:37:35] | at the end of the year. | 期末的时候 |
[1:37:36] | It counts a third of his grade. | 算三个学分 |
[1:37:40] | Well that’s it. We’re sunk. | 好吧 我们完蛋了 |
[1:37:44] | Why don’t you write about “Great Expectations”? | 为什么你不写 “远大的理想” |
[1:37:47] | You’re a lot like Pip. | 你和Pip很像啊 |
[1:37:49] | I mean he was poor, he was an orphan and someone kind of found him. | 我的意思是他也很穷 是个孤儿 也遇见了好人 |
[1:37:54] | You should be able to relate to that. | 你应该写的和那有关系的 |
[1:38:01] | Fine, let’s go through the reading list. | 好吧 让我们去看看阅读目录 |
[1:38:04] | But you’re gonna have to pick one, Michael. | 你必须选一个 Michael |
[1:38:07] | “Pygmalion”… | “卖花女” |
[1:38:12] | “A Tale of Two Cities”….. “The Charge of the Light Brigade”… | 《双城记》《轻骑旅的冲锋》 |
[1:38:15] | “Half a league, half a league, half a league onward” | “半里格,半里格,前进半里格的路” |
[1:38:19] | I love that one. | 我喜欢那个 |
[1:38:21] | He loves it. | 他喜欢那个 |
[1:38:25] | Why don’t you do this and I’ll watch basketball? | 你为什么不过来做这个 我去看会电视呢 |
[1:38:32] | Okay. | 那好吧 |
[1:38:37] | “All in the Valley of Death rode the six hundred.” | 六百名骑兵全部进入了死亡之谷 |
[1:38:42] | They named LSU’s stadium Death Valley because of this story. | 这就是LSU的体育场名为“死亡之谷”的原因 |
[1:38:47] | Alfred, Lord Tennyson has writing about LSU Ole Miss. | 阿尔弗雷德.丁尼生勋爵曾写过密西西比的LSU |
[1:38:50] | – You’re kidding? – No. It’s a great story. | 你开玩笑吧 ? 没有 那是一个非常好的故事 |
[1:38:53] | It’s a poem. | 它是一首诗 |
[1:38:55] | “Forward the Light Brigade!” | “前进,轻骑队” |
[1:38:58] | It’s like the offense. | 像进攻一样 |
[1:38:59] | “Charge for the guns he said.” | “向炮位冲锋!他命令” |
[1:39:02] | That’s the end zone. | 这是最后防线 |
[1:39:03] | “Into the Valley of Death rode the six hundred.” | “六百名轻骑兵进入了死亡之谷” |
[1:39:06] | “Forward the Light Brigade! | “冲啊,轻骑队” |
[1:39:08] | Was there a man dismay’d? | “可有一人踌躇退后?” |
[1:39:10] | Not tho’ the soldier knew someone had blundered.” | “纵然士兵知道有人判断错了” |
[1:39:14] | Someone made a mistake? | 有人做错决定了? |
[1:39:16] | Yeah, their leader, their coach. | 是的 他们的指挥官 他们的教练 |
[1:39:22] | But why would they go ahead if they knew he messed up? | 但为什么他们明明知道错的还要往前冲? |
[1:39:29] | “Theirs not to make reply, theirs not to reason why, | “他们无话可说, 他们不问为什么” |
[1:39:35] | theirs but to do and die: | “他们只知奉命去做” |
[1:39:38] | Into the Valley of Death rode the six hundred.” | “六百名轻骑兵进入了死亡之谷” |
[1:39:44] | They’re all gonna die, aren’t they? | 他们都会死的 对吗? |
[1:39:48] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:39:52] | That’s really, really sad. | 确实是很悲伤 |
[1:39:58] | I think you just found something to write about, Michael. | 我认为你已经找到你要写的东西了 Michael |
[1:40:17] | Courage is a hard thing to figure. | 勇气是一件很难了解的事情 |
[1:40:20] | You can have courage based on a dumb idea or mistake, | 你可以为了很愚蠢的事情而产生勇气 |
[1:40:24] | but you’re not supposed to question adults, | 但你不应该质疑前辈 |
[1:40:26] | or your coach or your teacher | 或你的教练 你的老师 |
[1:40:29] | because they make the rules. | 因为他们定了规则 |
[1:40:32] | Maybe they know best | 也许他们做的对 |
[1:40:34] | but maybe they don’t. | 也许不对 |
[1:40:36] | It all depends on who you are, where you come from. | 这取决于你是谁 你来自哪里 |
[1:40:41] | Didn’t at least one of the six hundred guys think about giving up. | 不是说最少有600个人中的一个想过放弃 |
[1:40:44] | and joining with the other side? | 或者加入另一边 |
[1:40:46] | I mean, Valley of Death that’s pretty salty stuff. | 我的意思是说 死亡之谷意味深长 |
[1:40:52] | That’s why courage it’s tricky. | 那就是为什么勇气是一件很难搞懂的事情 |
[1:40:55] | Should you always do what others tell you to do? | 你应该总是做别人告诉你的事吗? |
[1:40:59] | Sometimes you might not even know why you’re doing something. | 有些时候你甚至不知道为什么要做这件事 |
[1:41:03] | I mean any fool can have courage. | 我的意思是任何愚蠢的事都会产生勇气 |
[1:41:06] | But honor, that’s the real reason you either do something or you don’t. | 但是没有荣誉 这是真正的不同 |
[1:41:11] | It’s who you are and maybe who you want to be. | 你是谁 或者你想要成为什么样的人 |
[1:41:15] | If you die trying for something important | 如果你的死重于泰山 |
[1:41:17] | then you have both honor and courage | 那时你会拥有勇气和荣誉 |
[1:41:20] | and that’s pretty good. | 那是非常值得的 |
[1:41:22] | I think that’s what the writer was saying. | 我想那正是作者想要写的 |
[1:41:25] | That you should hope for courage and try for honor. | 那就是你希望拥有勇气的同时 努力获得荣誉 |
[1:41:29] | And maybe even pray that the people telling you what to do have some, too. | 或许别人祈祷让你做的事 也会得到吧 |
[1:41:38] | Kevin Lynn. | |
[1:41:45] | – Good job. – Excuse me. | 干的不错 请过一下 |
[1:41:49] | Matthew Nicols. | |
[1:41:53] | 2.52. | |
[1:41:56] | Michael’s final GPA. Got it off Paul’s computer. | Michael的最终成绩 从Paul的电脑里看的 |
[1:41:59] | Jamie North. | |
[1:42:01] | He did it, Sean. He did it! | 他做到了 Sean 他做到了 |
[1:42:03] | Baby, you’ve been broken to the principal’s computer? | 亲爱的 你偷看校长的电脑了 |
[1:42:08] | Michael Oher. | |
[1:42:17] | Where in the world did you find a baby picture of Michael? | 你在哪找到Michael小时候的照片的 |
[1:42:20] | Scanned it off an Internet ad for a toddler boutique. | 网上的婴幼儿购物广告上 |
[1:42:29] | Congratulations, Mike. | 祝贺你 Mike |
[1:42:53] | Way to go, bro! | 做的好 老哥! |
[1:42:55] | Alright, that’s enough. Young man… | 好了 够了 年轻人… |
[1:42:58] | I think I need a proper hug. | 我想我要一个大大的拥抱 |
[1:43:05] | Alright. You’re gonna be staying in Deaton Hall – where is it? | 好的 你将会在迪顿霍尔 在什么地方 |
[1:43:08] | 109. It’s right there. And you’re gonna be on a meal plan | 109 在这 你需要一份餐饮计划 |
[1:43:11] | so you’re gonna be eating all the way here in Johnson Commons. Right there. | 这样你就能在Johnson Commons一路吃了 这 |
[1:43:13] | Johnson Commons has all you can eat self-serve ice cream. | Johnson Commons有你想吃的所有自助式冰激凌 |
[1:43:16] | As much as you want? | 想吃多少有多少? |
[1:43:17] | Yes, that’s how Mama put on her freshman ten. | 是的 这就是怎么妈妈在大一的时候胖了十磅的 |
[1:43:21] | Stop it! | 别说了 |
[1:43:25] | Hello? | 你好? |
[1:43:29] | This is Mrs. Tuohy. | 这是Tuohy女士 |
[1:43:30] | He just want ask you a couple of questions, Michael. | 他只是想要问你几个问题 Michael |
[1:43:32] | You have nothing to hide. | 你没有什么要隐藏的 |
[1:43:35] | Ms. Tuohy? Mr. Oher? | |
[1:43:37] | My name is Jocelyn Granger, and I’m the Assistant Director | 我叫Jocelyn Granger |
[1:43:39] | of Enforcement for the NCAA. | 我是NCAA执行部门的局长助理 |
[1:43:41] | Please, call me Leigh Anne. | 叫我Leigh Anne就行了 |
[1:43:46] | So, let’s do this. Shall we? | 让我们开始吧 |
[1:43:48] | Ms. Tuohy, if you wouldn’t mind I’d prefer to speak with Michael alone. | Tuohy女士 如果你不介意的话 我想单独和Michael谈谈 |
[1:43:52] | – And how long is that gonna take? – Awhile. | 要多长时间? 一会 |
[1:43:57] | Don’t worry, Mike. Okay? Go. | 别担心 去吧 |
[1:44:04] | Michael? Michael! I’ll be waiting for you in the lobby, alright? | Michael 我会在大厅里等你 好吗? |
[1:44:12] | I don’t know, Sean. I just have a bad feeling about this one. | 我不知道 Sean 我只是有一些不好的感觉 |
[1:44:16] | This woman is tough, tough… Hold on. | 这个女人很厉害 等等 |
[1:44:19] | Hey. | |
[1:44:22] | The client wants what? | 客户要什么? |
[1:44:25] | Were you aware that Coach Cotton is accepting a job at Ole Miss? | 你知道Cotton教练会在密西西比大学执教吗? |
[1:44:28] | No. | 不知道 |
[1:44:29] | And that this job offer came after you signed with them? | 这个工作机会就在你和他们签约后 |
[1:44:33] | Sean Tuohy, your legal guardian went to Ole Miss. | Sean Tuohy 你的法定监护人是密西西比大学毕业的 |
[1:44:36] | He played basketball. | 他以前是篮球队的 |
[1:44:38] | And Mrs. Tuohy went to Ole Miss as well. | Tuohy女士也是密西西比大学毕业的 |
[1:44:40] | She was a cheerleader. | 她是一个拉拉队长 |
[1:44:42] | Is this safe to say that Ole Miss is their favorite school? | 他们最喜欢的学校是密西西比大学 这样说对吗? |
[1:44:45] | Did they like any other Universities? What about, say Tennessee? | 他们喜欢别的大学吗? 田纳西州大学怎么样? |
[1:44:49] | No. They can’t stand Tennessee. | 不 他们受不了田纳西州大学 |
[1:44:52] | – And your tutor… – Miss Sue. | 还有你的导师 Miss Sue |
[1:44:54] | Miss Sue. Miss Sue is an Ole Miss grad, too. | Miss Sue也是密西西比大学毕业的 |
[1:44:59] | Miss Sue ever tried to persuade you to attend Ole Miss? | Miss Sue劝过你去密西西比大学吗? |
[1:45:08] | Did you know that the Tuohys make generous donations to Ole Miss? | 你知不知道Tuohy一家向密西西比大学赞助? |
[1:45:11] | That even Miss Sue makes donations? | 连Miss Sue也这么做呢? |
[1:45:14] | That the Tuohys, they have a condo in Oxford | Tuohys一家在牛津有一套公寓 |
[1:45:16] | so they can attend as many athletic events as possible? | 所以他们能够参加许多体育项目 |
[1:45:20] | That, in fact, Sean and Leigh Anne Tuohy are by our definition… “boosters.” | 事实上 Sean和Leigh Anne Tuohy被我们称为“支持者” |
[1:45:27] | Mr. Oher. | |
[1:45:29] | Mr. Oher? | |
[1:45:31] | Do you understand… Do you know, why am I here? | 你知道我为什么来这吗? |
[1:45:35] | To… investigate. | 来…调查 |
[1:45:37] | Yes. To investigate. | 是的 来调查的 |
[1:45:40] | I’m here to investigate your odd… predicament. | 我来这 是来调查你奇怪的情况 |
[1:45:45] | Do you find it odd? Your predicament? | 你感觉到什么不一样吗? 你现在的处境 |
[1:45:51] | Michael?… | |
[1:45:53] | Iono. | 我不知道 |
[1:45:56] | Can I… can I leave now? | 我能走了吗? |
[1:45:58] | No. You can’t. | 不行 |
[1:46:01] | – What do you want, ma’am? – I want the facts! | 你想要知道什么 ? 我想要知道事实的真相 |
[1:46:03] | – I need the truth. – I didn’t lie! | 我想要真相 我没有说谎 |
[1:46:05] | – And I want to know what you think about all this. – THINK ABOUT WHAT?! | 我想要知道你对这件事怎么想的? 想什么? |
[1:46:18] | The NCAA fears that with your recruitment a door might be opened – | NCAA担心像你这样的招聘会首开先河 |
[1:46:24] | that boosters from lots of schools in the south | 为南部学校的“支持者” |
[1:46:26] | will become legal guardians for young athletes without means | 成为年轻运动员们的监护人 |
[1:46:28] | and funnel them to their Alma Maters. | 而不经打算的就把他们送进自己的母校 |
[1:46:32] | I’m not saying I believe it and I’m not saying I don’t, | 我不是说信不信这个 |
[1:46:35] | but there’re many people involved with this case | 但这涉及了很多的人 |
[1:46:37] | who would argue that Tuohys they took you in, | 这些人会争辩Tuohys一家把你牵扯其中 |
[1:46:41] | – they clothes you, they fed you, – No. | 他们给你穿的 给你吃的 |
[1:46:43] | – they paid for your private education, – No. | 他们付你的学费 不是这样的 |
[1:46:45] | – they bought you a car, – No! | 他们给你买车 不是的 |
[1:46:46] | – and paid for your tutor, – No. | 给你请了家教 不是的 |
[1:46:48] | all as part of a plan to insure that you play football | 这些都是为了确保让你为 |
[1:46:51] | for the University of Mississippi. | 密西西比大学打球 |
[1:47:10] | Michael! We’re not finished. | Michael 我们还没有结束呢 |
[1:47:14] | It’s not available. Just like I told you three months ago. | 这是不行的 就像我三个月前告你的一样 |
[1:47:16] | So why don’t we go with the tide. | 所以为什么我们不顺应潮流 |
[1:47:19] | The low napa, it’s a beautiful— Oh, I’ll call you back. Bye. | The low napa是很漂亮的… 我一会打给你 |
[1:47:22] | Michael. So what happened? | Michael 怎么了? |
[1:47:25] | – Why’d you do it? – What? | 你为什么这样做? 做什么? |
[1:47:27] | All along you wanted me to go to Ole Miss. | 所有你做的一切 都是想让我去密西西比大学 |
[1:47:30] | Of course, I did. We love Ole Miss! | 当然了 我们很想你去密西西比大学 |
[1:47:32] | Why did you do this for me? | 你为什么要这样做 |
[1:47:33] | – What? – Everything! | 什么事? 所有的一切 |
[1:47:35] | Was it for you or was it for me? | 是为了你 还是为了我 |
[1:47:37] | Was it so I would go to school where you wanted?! | 这样我就会去你想要我进的学校? |
[1:47:41] | Was it so i would do what you wanted?! | 这样我就会做你想要我做的事? |
[1:47:43] | – Michael, no… – That’s what she thinks. | Michael 不是的 她是这么认为的 |
[1:47:46] | Is she right? | 她说的对吗? |
[1:47:48] | Michael, honey, I need for you please, listen to me, alright? | Michael 亲爱的 我要你听我说 好吗? |
[1:47:50] | Don’t you dare to lie to me. | 别想骗我 |
[1:47:55] | I’m not stupid! | 我又不是傻子 |
[1:47:57] | Michael?! | |
[1:47:59] | Michael, of course, you’re not stupid. | 你当然不是傻子了 |
[1:48:00] | Michael?! Come on. | |
[1:48:06] | I should have followed him. | 我应该跟着他来 |
[1:48:08] | You had no way of knowing he’d disappear. | 你又不知道他会不见了 |
[1:48:13] | Was he right? | 他说的对吗? |
[1:48:16] | What he said about us? | 说的关于我们的 |
[1:48:18] | Leigh Anne, be reasonable. | Leigh Anne 理智点 |
[1:48:19] | We gave clothes to a boy who had one pair of shorts. | 我们给只有一件短袖的人衣服穿 |
[1:48:22] | We gave him a bed. | 我们给他睡觉的地方 |
[1:48:24] | To hell with the NCAA, I’d do it again tomorrow. | 让NCAA见鬼去吧 我明天还会这么做 |
[1:48:27] | What about all the rest of it – | 他说的其他的呢 |
[1:48:30] | all the stuff we did to make sure that he got a scholarship? | 我们所做的一切 都是为了保证他能够得到学位 |
[1:48:34] | A scholarship at Ole Miss. | 密西西比大学的学位 |
[1:48:37] | He could go whenever he wanted, he knew that. | 他知道他想去什么地方都行 |
[1:48:39] | Oh, did he? Did you ask him? | 他知道吗? 你问过他吗? |
[1:48:42] | ‘Cause I sure as I know I never did. | 我是从来没有这么做过 |
[1:48:47] | Hey. | |
[1:48:49] | Come here. | 过来这 |
[1:49:07] | Am I a good person? Not a joke. Not rhetorical. | 我是一个好人吗? 我是认真的 |
[1:49:15] | You’re the best person I know. | 你是我知道的最好的人 |
[1:49:21] | Everything you do, you do for others. | 你总是为他人着想 |
[1:49:26] | And why is that? | 为什么那么做呢? |
[1:49:31] | I have not a clue. | 我不知道 |
[1:49:33] | But you obviously get some sort of sick satisfaction out of it. | 但是你得到了一些心理上的满足 |
[1:49:43] | – Sean… – Yeah? Sean… | 怎么了? |
[1:49:46] | What if he never comes back? | 如果他再也不回来了怎么办? |
[1:49:55] | Oh, shit! | |
[1:49:59] | Big Mike? Hey, get your ass in here, man. | 进来啊 伙计 |
[1:50:03] | I’m looking for my Moms. | 我在找我的妈妈 |
[1:50:05] | Your Mama? Yeah, I seen Dee Dee around. | 你妈妈? 是的 我看见她在附近 |
[1:50:08] | As a matter of fact… | 事实上… |
[1:50:11] | Oh, yeah. She usually stop by for a taste around this time. | 她这个时候总会来吸两口 |
[1:50:14] | But I tell you what. Why don’t you just come inside | 你为什么不进来玩玩呢 |
[1:50:17] | I’ll get you a forty and we’re gonna chop it up like real fo, | 我给你点好东西 让你爽爽 |
[1:50:21] | just ’til she get here. | 直到她回来 |
[1:50:25] | Come on, man. Nobody gonna bite you, man. | 来吧 伙计 没人会咬你的 |
[1:50:36] | Hey! Big Mike! Man, go down xxx and have a seat. | Big Mike 过来 坐这 |
[1:50:41] | Yeah, bitch! | |
[1:50:42] | Hey, baby, gimme a couple of cold beers from the refrigerator! | 亲爱的 给我两瓶冰啤酒 |
[1:50:44] | Sit down, man. Big Mike. | 坐下 伙计 |
[1:50:46] | – What? – I’m so glad to see you. | 我见到你真兴奋 伙计 |
[1:50:49] | Yeah. You lookin’ good. Too, you lookin’ fit. | 你看起来不错啊 |
[1:50:52] | I heard you playin’ little ball. | 我听说你打球了 |
[1:50:54] | But you know that rich kid football ain’t like the public school league. | 但是你知道 富人小孩的橄榄球不喜欢公立学校的联盟 |
[1:50:59] | Niggers packing knives in their socks. | 黑鬼总是把刀放在袜子里 |
[1:51:02] | Hey, I played little ball myself. | 我也玩过球 伙计 |
[1:51:05] | Back in the day, you know that, alright? | 从前 你记得吗 ? |
[1:51:07] | Yeah, I heard. | 是的 我听过 |
[1:51:08] | A quarterback. Up there at MLK. | 四分卫 在MLK |
[1:51:13] | – Thank you, baby. – What about you, Dave? | 谢谢你 宝贝 你怎么样 Dave? |
[1:51:16] | You still playing ball over at JC? | 你还在JC打球吗? |
[1:51:18] | – Naw. – No, man. | 没有了 伙计 |
[1:51:19] | Dave no longer a student. | Dave不再是 学生了 |
[1:51:21] | He with me now! | 他现在跟我混了 |
[1:51:22] | As a matter of fact… Look, I can open a spot for you, too. | 事实上 我也给你留了个位置 |
[1:51:26] | I got tired of going to class. | 我厌倦了去学校 |
[1:51:29] | People are tryin’ tell me what to do. | 他们老是告诉我该做什么 |
[1:51:31] | Well, in that case, Dave, look here… | 如果那样的话 Dave 听着… |
[1:51:33] | Turn it up, like that little bit of bitch! | 大点声 |
[1:51:37] | Bitch! | |
[1:51:41] | Hey, man. just mess with D, man. | 只是和 Dave开玩笑 伙计 |
[1:51:45] | I heard you stayin’ on the other side of town. | 我听说你住在富人区那边 |
[1:51:49] | Yeah, that what Dee Dee said. Said you got a new Mama now. | 那是Dee Dee说的 你现在有了新妈妈了 |
[1:51:52] | – Yeah? – Oh yeah! | 是吗? |
[1:51:54] | – She fine too. – Yeah. She fine. | 她不错 |
[1:51:59] | She got other kids? | 她有别的孩子吗? |
[1:52:04] | She got a daughter? | 她有女儿吗? |
[1:52:07] | You tap that? | 你上她了吗? |
[1:52:13] | Yeah, you taped that! Yeah, yeah, yeah! | 是的 你上了她了 |
[1:52:15] | Big Mike! | |
[1:52:16] | Big Mike got his little penis up ,he can’t stand this right now | Big Mike老二翘起来了 他受不了了~ |
[1:52:20] | Hey, Big Mike! | |
[1:52:24] | Hey, where you going? | 你要去哪? |
[1:52:25] | Going to wait my mom to the apartement. | 去等我妈妈回家 |
[1:52:32] | Hey, man, just don’t go away now. | 伙计 不要走吗 |
[1:52:34] | Hey, sit down, man. | 坐下 伙计 |
[1:52:35] | I’m just trying to find out little bit about your fine white sister. | 我想要打听点你那漂亮的白人妹妹 |
[1:52:39] | Because I like me some mommy/daughter action. | 因为我喜欢搞点母女情节 |
[1:52:42] | Shut up. | 闭嘴吧 |
[1:52:48] | Shut up? Who the hell is you telling to shut up? | 闭嘴 你他妈的叫谁闭嘴呢 |
[1:52:55] | I will bust and cap your fat ass. | 我要踢你肥屁股 |
[1:52:58] | And then drive east and pay a visit to your cracker Mom! | 完后开车去拜访一下你的妈妈 |
[1:53:01] | And her sweet little daughter. | 和她的美丽的女儿 |
[1:53:35] | MAMA!!!!! | |
[1:53:59] | He gone, snowflake. | 他跑了 snowflake |
[1:54:08] | Michael was here? | Michael来过这里? |
[1:54:10] | Yeah, but you tell him, I’ll be seeing him around. | 你告诉他 我正找到处他呢 |
[1:54:12] | Or he gonna get this. | 或者 他自己过来 |
[1:54:14] | So Michael was here? | 所以Michael来过这? |
[1:54:16] | Last night. He come by here. Sneaked me then run off. | 昨天晚上 他打完我就溜了 |
[1:54:20] | Yeah. Tell him, sleep with one eye open. | 告诉他 小心着点 |
[1:54:24] | You hear me, bitch? | 你听见了吗? 贱人 |
[1:54:32] | No, you hear me, bitch! | 没有 你给我听好了 贱人 |
[1:54:35] | You threaten my son you threaten me. | 你威胁我的儿子 你就是威胁我 |
[1:54:39] | You so much as cross downtown you will be sorry. | 你有种去市区走走 我会让你后悔的 |
[1:54:42] | I’m in a prayer group with the D.A., I’m a member of the NRA | 我是法院陪审团的一员 也是NRA(全国步枪协会)的成员 |
[1:54:46] | and I’m always packing. | 而且我常常带枪 |
[1:54:52] | What you got in there, a .22? A Saturday Night Special? | 你有什么啊?22口径的?还是廉价的小手枪? |
[1:54:58] | And it shoots just fine all the other days, too. | 射的还很准~ |
[1:55:26] | – Michael?! – Mama?… | |
[1:55:56] | You think the police is gonna come and get me? | 你认为警察会来抓我吗? |
[1:55:59] | I’d imagine the last thing made one at Hurt Village | 我在Hurt Village最不想看到的 |
[1:56:01] | is bunch of cops snooping around. | 就是一堆警察在四处窥探 |
[1:56:07] | I swore I’d never ask this, but how’d you get out of there, Michael? | 我知道我从来没有问过你这事 但你是怎么远离那些的 |
[1:56:15] | When I was little and something awful was happening | 当我很小的时候 当可怕的事情发生的时候 |
[1:56:19] | my Mama would tell me to close my eyes. | 我妈妈会告诉我闭上眼睛 |
[1:56:22] | She was tryin’ to keep me from seeing her do drugs or other bad things. | 她不想让我看见她吸毒或别的坏事 |
[1:56:26] | And then when she was finished or the bad things were over | 当她做完坏事后 |
[1:56:29] | she’d say, “now when I count to three, you open your eyes | 她会说 我数到3 睁开你的眼睛 |
[1:56:35] | and the past is gone, the world is a good place, | 所有的事情都过去了 世界还是美好的 |
[1:56:38] | and it’s all gonna be okay.” | 会没事的 |
[1:56:43] | You closed your eyes. | 你闭上了你的眼睛 |
[1:56:48] | You know, when I was driving all over Kingdom Come looking for you | 你知道 当我开车到处找你的时候 |
[1:56:53] | I kept thinking about one thing. | 我一直在想着一件事 |
[1:56:57] | Ferdinand the bull. | 那只牛Ferdinand |
[1:57:02] | I know I should have asked this a long time ago, Michael. | 我知道我很早以前就应该问你了 Michael |
[1:57:06] | Do you even wanna play football? | 你想要打橄榄球吗? |
[1:57:10] | I mean do you even like it? | 我的意思是你喜欢吗? |
[1:57:13] | – I’m pretty good at it. – Yeah, you are. | 我蛮擅长的 是的 确实 |
[1:57:19] | Sean and I have been talking and… | Sean和我商量过了 |
[1:57:21] | Michael, if you’re gonna accept the football scholarship | Michael 如果你想要得到体育奖学金 的话 |
[1:57:26] | we think it should be to Tennessee. | 我们想你应该去田纳西州大学 |
[1:57:31] | And I promise that I will be at every game cheering for you. | 并且我向你保证 每个比赛日我都会为你加油的 |
[1:57:37] | – Every game? – Every game. | 每一场比赛? 每一场比赛 |
[1:57:41] | But I will not wear that gaudy orange. I will not. | 但是我不会穿那俗气橘色衣服 |
[1:57:44] | It is not in my color wheel and I’m not gonna wear it. | 那不是我的颜色 我不会穿它的 |
[1:57:50] | So you want me to go to Tennessee? | 所以你想我去田纳西州大学? |
[1:57:54] | I want you to do whatever you want. | 我想你做你想做的事 |
[1:57:58] | It is your decision, Michael. It’s your life. | 这是你的决定 这是你的生活 |
[1:58:02] | What if I want to flip burgers? | 如果我想去当一个做汉堡的呢? |
[1:58:08] | It’s your decision; it’s your life. | 这是你的决定 你的生活 |
[1:58:14] | Okay. | 那好吧 |
[1:58:17] | Okay, what? | 什么好吧? |
[1:58:21] | I’m sorry I left the other day. | 对不起 那天我离开了 |
[1:58:23] | – You were pretty upset. – You ask a lot of questions. | 你很不高兴 你问了我很多问题 |
[1:58:26] | I’m just trying to get to the bottom of this. | 我只是想要知道真相 |
[1:58:28] | But all questions you asked were about why everybody else | 但你问的问题都是关于别人 |
[1:58:31] | wanted me to go to Ole Miss. | 是否想让我去密西西比大学 |
[1:58:33] | Okay… | 好吧… |
[1:58:34] | Not once did you ask why did I want to go there. | 从没问我为什么想去那 |
[1:58:39] | Alright, fine, Michael… Why do you want to go to Ole Miss? | 好的 Michael 你为什么想要去密西西比大学? |
[1:58:44] | Because it’s where my family goes to school. | 因为那是我的家人所上过的学校 |
[1:58:48] | It’s were they’ve always gone to school. | 他们曾经去过的学校 |
[1:58:58] | College is going to be different experience for you, Michael. | 大学你会有不同的经历的 Michael |
[1:59:00] | SJ, stop it. | SJ 停下来 别跑了 |
[1:59:01] | – There are lots of distractions. – Have a fun. | 这有很多让你分心的事 过的愉快点 |
[1:59:04] | There’s gonna be some nimrod in the dorm who wants to play video games all night, | 会有一些人通宵玩电子游戏 |
[1:59:08] | or goof on the internet. | 或上网 |
[1:59:10] | Just have fun. | 玩的高兴点就行了 |
[1:59:11] | And you will spend a lot of time at practice, which means… | 你会花费大量时候在训练上 |
[1:59:14] | which means you have to be very dedicated to your studies, alright? | 意思就是 你必须分配好你的学习时间 知道吗? |
[1:59:17] | SJ, if you don’t stop it right— | SJ 如果你现在不停下来的话 |
[1:59:19] | – Come here. – No. | 过来 不要 |
[1:59:20] | Relax, Mama. | 放松点 妈妈 |
[1:59:22] | I just got back from the library | 我刚从图书馆过来 |
[1:59:23] | I reserved a private cubicle for the semester. | 这个学期我订了个房间 |
[1:59:26] | Here’s your class schedule and you study the whole hours. | 这是你的课程表 全天的课 |
[1:59:29] | Now, if y’all don’t mind I’m gonna go move into my new apartment. | 如果你们不介意的话 我要搬进我的新家了 |
[1:59:32] | – Thank you, Miss Sue. – “Thank you, Miss Sue” | 谢谢 Miss Sue |
[1:59:35] | Yeah, yeah, yeah…. | |
[1:59:37] | Let’s see what you’ve got: College’s Writing, good, | 让我们看看你有什么课吧 大学写作 很好 |
[1:59:39] | psychology, math lab… | 物理 数学 |
[1:59:41] | It’s gonna be good. Just… | 非常好 |
[1:59:42] | I know why. A lot of good classes. | 很多好课啊 |
[1:59:45] | You’ll have a lot of fun. | 你会有愉快的地方了 |
[1:59:47] | SJ! | |
[1:59:51] | Michael Oher, you listen to me, alright? | Michael Oher 你给我听着 |
[1:59:54] | I want you to enjoy yourself, but if you get a girl pregnant out of wedlock | 我想让你过的愉快 但如果你让女孩未婚先孕了 |
[1:59:57] | I’ll crawl in the car, drive up here to Oxford and cut off your penis. | 我会来把你的老二给切了 |
[2:00:02] | She means it. | 她说真的 |
[2:00:04] | – Yes ma’am. – Alright | 遵命 很好 |
[2:00:09] | Now, 78’s gonna be a parking lot. So we should be going. Or everyone… | 车停了很长时间了 我们应该走了 |
[2:00:14] | Say the goodbyes, alright? Here. | 告别下 好吗? |
[2:00:16] | Bye, baby. | 再见 亲爱的 |
[2:00:17] | – Thank you, Mama. – You’re welcome. | 谢谢妈妈 不用了 |
[2:00:28] | Why’d she always do that? | 她为什么老是那样? |
[2:00:31] | She’s an onion. Michael. You have to peel her back one layer at a time. | 她就像个洋葱 你底一层一层剥开它 |
[2:00:38] | I’ll be back. | 我马上回来 |
[2:00:51] | What? | 干什么? |
[2:00:58] | What, Michael? | 干什么 Michael? |
[2:01:00] | I need a proper hug. | 我需要一个大大的拥抱 |
[2:01:25] | I read a story the other day about a boy from the projects. | 有一天我看到了一个关于一个男孩的报道 |
[2:01:30] | No daddy, in and out of foster care. | 没有父亲 在收养家庭中进进出出 |
[2:01:34] | He’d been killed in a gang fight at Hurt Village. | 他被杀害了在Hurt Village的一场帮派枪战中 |
[2:01:38] | In the last paragraph they talked about his superb athletic skills | 最后一部分 他们提到了他优秀的运动能力 |
[2:01:43] | and how different his life might have been | 他的人生也许会有很大的不同 |
[2:01:44] | if he hadn’t fallen behind and dropped out of school. | 如果他没有辍学 |
[2:01:48] | He was twenty-one years old the day he died. | 他死的时候只有21岁 |
[2:01:52] | It was his birthday. | 那天是他的生日 |
[2:01:59] | That could have been anyone. | 他可能是任何人 |
[2:02:02] | It could have been my son, Michael. | 可能是我的儿子 Michael |
[2:02:05] | But it wasn’t. | 但 那不是 |
[2:02:10] | And I suppose I have God to thank for that. | 我想我应该感谢上帝 |
[2:02:16] | God and Lawrence Taylor. | 上帝和Lawrence Taylor |
[2:02:30] | One Mississippi. | 第一秒 |
[2:02:34] | Michael Oher成为密西西比大学的全美明星球员 在Miss Sue的帮助下成为了优等生 | |
[2:02:37] | Collins和她妈妈一样 成为了一名密西西比大学的拉拉队长 | |
[2:02:44] | Sean和Leigh Anne还是生活在孟菲斯 | |
[2:03:02] | SJ得到了所有保证过的事情 | |
[2:03:09] | The New England Patriots have traded the twenty third pick | 新英格兰爱国者队把23号选秀权交易给了 |
[2:03:12] | to the Baltimore Ravens. | 巴尔的摩乌鸦队 |
[2:03:15] | And with the twenty third pick in 2009 NFL draft | 在2009NFL选秀中第23号选秀权 |
[2:03:18] | The Baltimore Raven select… | 巴尔的摩乌鸦队选择了 |
[2:03:20] | Michael Oher. Offensive tackle, Mississippi. | Michael Oher 密西西比大学的攻击线锋 |