英文名称:The Apartment
年代:1960
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:24] | On November 1, 1959, | 1959年11月1日 |
[01:26] | the population of New York City was 8,042, 783. | 纽约市的人口达到了8 042 783 |
[01:31] | If you laid them all end to end, | 如果把所有的人头尾相连 |
[01:33] | figuring an average height of 5 feet 6 inches, | 按照每个人5英尺6英寸的话 |
[01:36] | they would reach from Times Square | 这个长度可以从时代广场 |
[01:37] | to the outskirts of Karachi, Pakistan. | 一直连到巴基斯坦郊外的卡拉奇 |
[01:40] | I know facts like this | 我很清楚这些事情 |
[01:41] | because I work for an insurance company, Consolidated Life. | 因为我在一家名为联合生活的保险公司工作 |
[01:45] | We’re one of the top five companies in the country. | 一家美国前五名的大公司之一 |
[01:47] | Our home office has 31,259 employees, | 我们总部有 31 259名员工 |
[01:51] | which is more than the entire population of, uh… Natchez, Mississippi. | 大概比密西西比河岸的那其兹的总人数还要多 |
[01:56] | I work on the 19th floor. Ordinary Policy Department,… | 我在19楼工作 普通保单处理部 |
[01:59] | Premium Accounting Division, Section W, desk number 861. | 保费清算分部 W 分区 桌号为861 |
[02:03] | My name is CC Baxter: C for Calvin, C for Clifford. | 我全名为CC 巴克斯特:C是卡尔文 C是克利夫德 |
[02:06] | But most people call me Bud. | 但是人们一般都叫我巴德 |
[02:08] | I’ve worked here three years, ten months, | 我在这里工作了三年零十个月 |
[02:10] | and my take-home pay is $94. 70 a week. | 我扣税后的实得工资是每周94 7美元 |
[02:24] | The hours in our department are 8.50 to 5.20. | 我们部门的上班时间是从 8:50到17:20 |
[02:32] | They’re staggered by floor so 16 elevators | 16部电梯来回在每层楼忙碌 |
[02:34] | can handle the 31,259 employees… | 这样才能运送31 259名员工 |
[02:37] | without a serious traffic jam. | 而不至于交通堵塞 |
[02:39] | As for myself, I very often stay on at the office | 对于我个人而言 我一般经常待在办公室里 |
[02:42] | and work for an extra hour or two, | 有时候还会加班一两个小时 |
[02:45] | ..especially when the weather is bad. | 特别是天气很差的时候 |
[02:47] | It’s not that I’m overly ambitious. | 这不是因为我特别有野心 |
[02:48] | It’s just a way of killing time | 只是一种消磨时间的办法 |
[02:51] | until it’s all right for me to go home. | 直到我回家时间的到来 |
[02:53] | You see, I have this little problem with my apartment. | 你看 我的公寓有一点小问题 |
[02:58] | I live in the West 60s, just half a block from Central Park. | 我住在西街60号 离中心公园只有半街之隔 |
[03:02] | My rent is $85 a month. It used to be $80 until last July… | 我的房租是每月85美元 去年七月份还是80美元 |
[03:05] | when Mrs Lieberman, the landlady, put in a second-hand air conditioner. | 直到房东利伯曼夫人安装了一个二手空调后 |
[03:09] | It’s a real nice apartment. | 这确实是一间好公寓 |
[03:10] | Nothing fancy, but kind of cosy. Just right for a bachelor. | 朴实无华 但是很舒适 特别适合单身汉 |
[03:15] | The only problem is I can’t always get in when I want to. | 唯一的问题是 我不能随心所欲地随时进去 |
[03:32] | Cut it out, Sylvia. We’ve gotta get out of here. | 快停下来 塞尔维亚 我们要马上出去 |
[03:36] | What’s the panic? | 干什么这么慌张呢? |
[03:37] | I’m gonna have another martini. | 我还想喝一杯马提尼 |
[03:39] | Please, Sylvia. It’s a quarter of nine. | 求你了 塞尔维亚 现在九点一刻了 |
[03:41] | First you can’t wait to get me here | 开始你让我在这里等 |
[03:43] | and then it’s rush, rush, rush. | 然后就一直匆匆忙忙 |
[03:45] | Makes a person feel cheap. | 让我觉得自己是廉价的妓女 |
[03:46] | Sweetie, it’s not that. | 甜心 不是那样的 |
[03:48] | But I promised the guy I’d be outta here by eight. | 但我答应那家伙8点整就出去的 |
[03:51] | What guy? Whose apartment is this? | 谁?这间公寓是谁的? |
[03:54] | Some schnook that works in the office. | 公司的某个傻鸟 |
[04:10] | – Good evening, Mr.Baxter. – Mrs Lieberman. | – 晚上好 巴克斯特先生 – 利伯曼夫人你好 |
[04:13] | Some weather we’re having. | 这糟糕的鬼天气 |
[04:14] | Must be from all that meshugaas at Cape Canaveral. | 一定是从好望角那里传过来 |
[04:19] | You’re locked out of your apartment? | 你被锁在门外了吗? |
[04:20] | No, no. Just waiting for a friend. | 有 没有 只是在等一个朋友 |
[04:24] | – Good night, Mrs Lieberman. – Good night, Mr.Baxter. | – 晚安 利伯曼夫人 – 晚安 巴克斯特先生 |
[04:45] | – Where do you live? – I told you. With my mother. | – 你住在哪里?- 我告诉过你了 和我母亲 |
[04:48] | – Where does she live? – 179th Street, in the Bronx. | – 她住在哪里?- 布朗克斯 19街 |
[04:52] | All right. I’ll take you to the subway. | 好的 我送你到地铁站 |
[04:53] | Like hell you will! You’ll buy me a cab. | 去死吧 你应该让我打的回家 |
[04:57] | Why do all you dames live in the Bronx? | 为什么你们这些小姐们都住在布鲁克斯呢? |
[04:59] | You bring other girls up here? | 你还带过其他的女孩到这里? |
[05:01] | Certainly not. I’m a happily married man. | 当然没有 我是一个快乐的已婚男人 |
[05:43] | – Hello there, Mrs Dreyfuss. – Something’s the matter? | – 你好 爵弗斯太太 – 有什么问题吗? |
[05:46] | Uh, no. I… seem to have dropped my key. Ah, here it is. | 哦 我好像把钥匙放在… 哈 在这里 |
[05:50] | Such a racket I heard in your place. | 我好像听到你的房间很吵啊 |
[05:53] | Maybe you had burglars? | 你房间是不是有小偷光顾? |
[05:55] | Don’t worry about that. | 不要担心这个 |
[05:57] | There’s nothing in here anybody’d wanna steal. Good night. | 我的房间没什么好偷的 晚安 |
[06:38] | Sorry to bother you, Buddy-boy, | 很抱歉打扰你 巴克小伙 |
[06:40] | but the little lady forgot her galoshes. | 只是刚才那位小姐忘了她的手套 |
[06:43] | Mr.Kirkeby, you were supposed to be outta here by eight. | 科克比先生 你应该八点就离开的 |
[06:51] | I don’t mind in the summer, but on a rainy night… | 夏天还无所谓 但是在这样一个雨天 |
[06:54] | – I haven’t had any dinner yet. – Sure, sure. | – 我还没有吃晚饭呢 – 知道 知道 |
[06:57] | Oh! | 哦 |
[07:00] | I put in a good word for you with Sheldrake in Personnel. | 我告诉你个从人事部舍尔爵克先生那里传来的好消息 |
[07:03] | – Mr.Sheldrake? – That’s right. | – 舍尔爵克先生 – 对 |
[07:05] | We discussed manpower promotionwise. | 我们讨论了认识调动方面的问题 |
[07:06] | I told him you’re a bright boy. | 我告诉他你是非常合适的人选 |
[07:09] | They’re always on the lookout for young executives. | 他们一直都在寻找年轻经理的合适人选 |
[07:11] | You’re on your way up. | 你马上就可以被提升上去了 |
[07:13] | And you’re also out of liquor. | 而且你的酒已经被喝光了 |
[07:14] | Mr.Eichelberger, Mortgage and Loans, | 抵押和借贷部的爱其尔伯格先生 |
[07:17] | last night he had a Halloween party. | 昨天晚上举行了一个万圣节晚会 |
[07:19] | Lay in some vodka and vermouth for me. | 给我留了一些伏特加和苦艾酒 |
[07:21] | You still owe me for the last two bottles. | 你还欠我两瓶酒呢 |
[07:24] | I’ll pay you on Friday. | 我星期五付钱给你 |
[07:26] | Oh, and whatever happened to those little cheese crackers you used to have? | 对了 你曾经用过的那个奶酪搅拌器怎么了 |
[07:33] | Cheese crackers? | 奶酪搅拌器? |
[08:13] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[08:33] | Good evening, Baxter. | 晚安 巴克斯特先生 |
[08:34] | Hi, Doc. Had a late call? | 嗨 医生 看病这么晚回来? |
[08:35] | Yeah. Some clown at Schrafft’s ate a club sandwich… | 是的 斯科夫特的一些小丑吃三明治… |
[08:39] | including the toothpick. | 把牙签也吃了进去 |
[08:42] | – Well, good night, Doc. – Say, Baxter. | – 哦 晚安 医生 – 回头见 巴克斯特 |
[08:45] | The way you’re beltin’ that stuff, | 像你这样天天折腾 |
[08:47] | you must have cast-iron kidneys. | 估计你有一个铁打的肾 |
[08:49] | That’s not me. | 那不是我 |
[08:50] | Just once in a while I have a few people in for a drink. | 只是有时候 一些朋友在我这里喝酒 |
[08:53] | As a matter of fact, you must be an iron man all around. | 事实上 你也确实很厉害 铁人一个 |
[08:56] | From what I hear through the walls, | 每天从墙那边都传来那种声音 |
[08:58] | you’re at it every night. | 看来你好像每天都在做爱 |
[09:00] | I’m sorry if it gets noisy. | 不好意思 吵到你们了 |
[09:01] | And sometimes there’s a double-header. | 只是有时候 我看连续两场的棒球赛 |
[09:05] | A nebbish like you. | 像你一样平凡 |
[09:07] | Yeah. Well, I’ll see you, Doc. | 好了 回头见 医生 |
[09:09] | You know, I’m doing some research at the Columbia Medical Center. | 对了 我在哥伦比亚医学中心做研究 |
[09:13] | – Could you do us a favour? – Me? | – 你能帮我一个忙吗?- 我? |
[09:15] | When you make out your will… | 当你确立遗嘱的时候… |
[09:17] | and the way you’re going, you should… | 在你上天国以后 你… |
[09:19] | would you mind leaving your body to the university? | 你介意把你的身体捐赠给大学做研究吗? |
[09:23] | My body? | 我的身体? |
[09:24] | I’m afraid you guys’d be disappointed. Good night, Doc. | 恐怕你们要失望了 晚安 医生 |
[09:29] | Slow down, kid. | 慢走 孩子 |
[10:09] | Oh, for heaven… | 哦 在去天堂的路上 |
[10:19] | From the world’s greatest library of film classics, | 来自世界最经典电影的收藏 |
[10:22] | we proudly present… | 我们荣誉推介… |
[10:24] | Greta Garbo, John Barrymore, | 葛丽泰·嘉宝 约翰·巴里摩尔 |
[10:26] | Joan Crawford, Wallace Beery and Lionel Barrymore | 琼·克劳馥 华莱士·比里和莱昂纳尔·巴里摩尔 |
[10:30] | in “Grand Hotel”. | 主演的 “大饭店” |
[10:34] | But first, a word from our sponsor. | 但是 首先 请我们的赞助商致辞 |
[10:37] | If you smoke the modern way, | 如果你是时尚抽烟一族 |
[10:38] | don’t be fooled by phoney filter claims. | 不要被那些假冒的过滤嘴广告所欺骗 |
[11:12] | And now, “Grand Hotel”, | 现在开始播放 “大饭店” |
[11:15] | starring Greta Garbo, John Barrymore,… | 由葛丽泰·嘉宝 约翰·巴里摩尔 |
[11:18] | ..Joan Crawford, Wallace Beery and Lionel Barrymore. | 华莱士·比里和莱昂纳尔·巴里摩尔主演 |
[11:22] | But first, a word from our alternate sponsor. | 但是首先 请我们的第二赞助商致辞 |
[11:26] | Friends, do you have wobbly dentures? | 朋友们 你有摇动的假牙吗? |
[11:56] | – Hello. – Hiya, Buddy-boy. | – 喂 – 你好 巴克小伙 |
[11:58] | I’m in this bar on 61st Street | 我现在在61街的酒吧 |
[11:59] | and I figured I’d give you a little buzz. | 于是我想给你打个电话 |
[12:02] | That’s very nice of you but… who is this? | 非常感谢 请问您是哪位? |
[12:04] | Dobisch. Joe Dobisch, in Administration. | 多比奇 行政部的乔·多比奇 |
[12:07] | Oh, yeah. I didn’t recognise your voice. | 哦 我没听出你的声音 |
[12:10] | That’s OK, Buddy-boy. | 没关系 巴克 |
[12:11] | Like I was saying, I’m in this joint on 61st | 我刚才说过 我在61街口 |
[12:14] | and I think I got lucky. | 我想我很幸运 |
[12:16] | I’m sorry, Mr.Dobisch. | 很抱歉 多比奇先生 |
[12:18] | I like to help you fellas out, but it’s sort of late. | 我也很想帮你 可是现在太晚了 |
[12:21] | Why don’t we make it some other time? | 我们改天再说好吗? |
[12:23] | Listen, kid. I can’t pass this up. | 听着 小伙子 我这次控制不住 |
[12:25] | She looks like Marilyn Monroe. | 她长得很像玛丽莲·梦露 |
[12:28] | I’m already in bed. And I took a sleeping pill. | 我已经上床睡觉了 还吃了安眠药 |
[12:31] | So I’m afraid the answer is no. | 我想 给你的答案是不行 |
[12:33] | We’re doing the monthly efficiency rating. | 我们正在做月度绩效评估 |
[12:35] | I’m putting you in the top ten. | 我把你放在前十位 |
[12:37] | You don’t wanna louse yourself up, do you? | 你不想浪费这一机会吧 不是吗? |
[12:39] | No. But how can I be efficient in the office | 不想 但是如果我晚上睡不够的话 |
[12:43] | if I don’t get enough sleep at night? | 白天怎么能高效呢 |
[12:44] | It’s only eleven, and I just want the place for 45 minutes. | 现在才11点 我只借用你的地方45分钟 |
[12:51] | I’m getting lonely. Who are you talking to, anyway? | 我好寂寞 你到底在和谁打电话? |
[12:54] | – My mother. – Oh, that’s sweet. That’s real sweet. | – 我母亲 – 哦 真是甜蜜 太幸福了 |
[12:58] | Ooh! | 嗯 |
[13:01] | Make it 30 minutes. What do you say, Bud, huh? | 就是30分钟 你说怎么样 巴德? |
[13:05] | I’m all out of liquor, there’s no clean glasses… | 我酒喝完了 也没有干净的杯子 |
[13:08] | There’s no cheese crackers. No nothin’. | 没有奶酪搅拌器 什么都没有 |
[13:10] | Let me worry about that. | 让我来考虑这些事情吧 |
[13:12] | Just leave the key under the mat and clear out. | 你只要把钥匙放在毯子下面 然后出去就行了 |
[13:15] | Yes, Mr.Dobisch. | 好吧 多比奇先生 |
[13:18] | Anything you say, Mr.Dobisch! | 你说什么都行 多比奇先生 |
[13:21] | No trouble at all, Mr.Dobisch! Be my guest! | 一点都不麻烦 多比奇先生 别客气 |
[13:26] | We never close at Buddy-boy’s. | 小伙子巴德从来都不会让我们失望的 |
[13:33] | “Looks like Marilyn Monroe”! | “长的像玛丽莲 梦露” |
[14:18] | – This the place? – Yeah. | – 就是这个地方吗?- 是的 |
[14:21] | – How much? – 70 cents. | – 多少钱?- 70美分 |
[14:23] | Get the money, will you? | 帮我拿钱 好吗? |
[14:27] | Watch those stingers! | 小心一点 |
[14:31] | – Give him a buck. – Thanks, lady. | – 给他一美元 – 谢谢 小姐 |
[14:35] | Put it back, honey! | 帮我再放回去 宝贝 |
[14:39] | Attagirl. | 太棒了 |
[14:41] | Are you sure this is a good idea? | 你认为这是一个好主意? |
[14:42] | Can’t think of a better one. | 没有比这更好的 |
[14:44] | Barging in on your mother so late at night. | 这么晚来打扰你妈妈方便吗? |
[14:46] | Don’t worry about the old lady. | 不要担心老太太 |
[14:48] | One squawk from her and she’s out of a job. | 只要他敢发出一声抱怨 我就让她失业 |
[15:07] | Get the key, will you? | 帮我拿钥匙 好吗? |
[15:10] | Not there! Under the mat. | 不在那里 在地毯下面 |
[15:12] | – Under the mat? – Yeah. Come on. | – 在地毯下面?- 是的 快点 |
[15:16] | Open up. We haven’t got all night. | 把门打开 我们不能待整个晚上的 |
[15:22] | – This is your mother’s apartment? – That’s right. | – 这是你母亲的公寓吗?- 是的 |
[15:39] | Mildred! He’s at it again! | 米尔德尔德 他又在里面做爱了 |
[16:32] | Morning, Mr.Kirkeby. | 早上好 克科比先生 |
[16:33] | How are you, Baxter? | 你好吗?巴克斯特先生 |
[16:35] | They keeping you busy these days? | 这几天你是不是很忙 |
[16:37] | Yes, sir. They are indeed. | 是的 先生 确实很忙 |
[16:39] | Good morning, Mr.Kessel, | 早上好 克塞尔先生 |
[16:40] | Miss Robinson, Mr.Williams, Miss Livingston. | 罗宾森小姐 威廉姆斯先生 李文斯顿小姐 |
[16:42] | Good morning, Mr.McKellway, Mrs Schubert, Mr.Davis. | 早上好 麦克维尔先生 斯库布特夫人 戴维斯先生 |
[16:45] | Good morning, Mr.Kirkeby. | 早上好 克科比先生 |
[16:47] | Good morning, Mr.Baxter. | 早上好 巴克斯特先生 |
[16:48] | Morning, Miss Kubelik. | 早上好 库伯利克小姐 |
[16:50] | That’s all. Take it away. | 好了 准备出发 |
[16:51] | Watch the door, please. Blasting off. | 请小心门口 马上出发 |
[16:57] | What did you do to your hair? | 你的头发怎么这样了? |
[16:59] | It made me nervous so I chopped it off. | 让我很不舒服 所以我绞短了它 |
[17:01] | Big mistake, huh? | 是不是觉得不太好 |
[17:02] | No. I sort of like it. | 不是 你这个发型是我喜欢的那种 |
[17:04] | – You got a lulu. – Yeah. Better not get too close. | – 你很优秀 – 是的 最好不要靠太近 |
[17:07] | – I never catch colds. – Really? | – 我从来都没有感冒 – 真的吗? |
[17:09] | I was reading some sickness and accident claims figures. | 我读过一些疾病和事故索赔数据 |
[17:12] | The average New Yorker aged between 20 and 50 | 20岁到50岁的纽约人 |
[17:14] | has two and a half colds a year. | 平均每年都会得两次半感冒 |
[17:17] | – That makes me feel just terrible. – Why? | – 这让我感觉很恐怖 – 为什么? |
[17:19] | If I have no colds a year, | 如果我一年一次感冒都没得 |
[17:21] | some poor slob must have five colds a year. | 那一些可怜的家伙不是要得五次感冒了 |
[17:24] | Yeah. It’s me. | 是的 是我 |
[17:25] | You shoulda stayed in bed this morning. | 你今天早上应该在床上休息的 |
[17:27] | I shoulda stayed in bed last night. | 本来昨天晚上是应该睡觉的 |
[17:31] | 19! | 19楼 |
[17:36] | Watch your step. | 小心你的脚 |
[17:37] | – And watch your hands, Mr.Kirkeby! – Pardon? | – 小心你的手 克科比先生 – 再说一遍? |
[17:40] | One of these days I’m gonna shut these doors on you and… | 有一天 我想用这门把你夹住 |
[17:46] | 20 next! | 下一站 20层 |
[17:48] | That Kubelik. | 那个库伯利克小姐 |
[17:49] | Boy, would I like to get her on a slow elevator to China! | 小伙子 我想和她一起坐到中国的电梯 |
[17:52] | She’s the best operator in the building. | 她是这栋楼最漂亮的操作员 |
[17:54] | I’m pretty good myself. | 我也很优秀 |
[17:56] | But she won’t give me a date. | 但她从来都不和我约会 |
[17:58] | Maybe it’s your approach. | 也许你能行 |
[17:59] | A lot of guys around here have tried all kinds of approaches. | 她周围很多人试过各种办法 |
[18:02] | No dice. | 结果都不行 |
[18:03] | What’s she trying to prove? | 她想要证明什么? |
[18:04] | She could just be a nice respectable girl. | 她是一个很值得爱的女孩 |
[18:07] | Listen to him! Little Lord Fauntleroy. | 听他说过 小罗的 佛特劳瑞 |
[18:35] | Hello. Mr.Dobisch? | 您好 多比奇先生 |
[18:37] | This is Baxter on the 19th floor. | 我是19层的巴克斯特先生 |
[18:39] | Oh, Buddy-boy! | 哦 巴德小伙 |
[18:41] | I was just about to call you. | 我正想给你打电话呢 |
[18:44] | I’m sorry about that mess on the living room wall. | 不好意思 把你的卧室墙上弄得这么脏 |
[18:46] | My friend kept insisting Picasso was a bum, | 我的朋友坚持认为毕加索是个游民 |
[18:48] | so she started to do that mural. | 于是她开始在墙上作壁画 |
[18:50] | It’s not Picasso I’m calling about. | 我不是为了毕加索 |
[18:53] | It’s the key to my apartment. | 我来要我公寓的钥匙 |
[18:55] | You’re supposed to leave it under the mat. | 你说好要放在地毯下面 |
[18:58] | But I did. I distinctly remember putting it there. | 我放了 我清清楚楚的记得放过了 |
[19:01] | Oh, I found the key all right. Only it’s the wrong key! | 哦 我也找到钥匙 不过不是我的钥匙 |
[19:05] | It is? | 是吗? |
[19:06] | No wonder I couldn’t get into the executive washroom this morning. | 怪不得我今天早上进不了经理盥洗室 |
[19:11] | And I couldn’t get into my apartment! | 但是我却进不了我的公寓 |
[19:13] | So at 4am I gotta wake up the landlady | 于是 早上四点我叫醒房东太太 |
[19:16] | and give her a whole song and dance. | 撒了很多不着边际的谎言来骗她 |
[19:17] | That’s a shame. I’ll send the key right down. | 不好意思 我会派人送给你正确的房间钥匙 |
[19:21] | And about your promotion. | 关于你的提升报告 |
[19:23] | I’ll send that efficiency report to Mr.Sheldrake in Personnel. | 我会把绩效评估报告送给人事部的舍尔爵克先生 |
[19:26] | You may hear from him before the day’s over. | 你在今天之前应该可以听到好消息 |
[19:29] | Thank you, Mr.Dobisch. | 谢谢 多比奇先生 |
[19:58] | From Mr.Dobisch. | 多比奇先生给你的 |
[20:00] | Wait. | 等一下 |
[20:13] | For Mr.Dobisch. | 给多比奇先生的 |
[20:21] | Mm-hm. Mm-hm. | 呒-哼 呒-哼 |
[20:38] | Vanderhof. Public Relations. | 万德豪夫 公共关系部 |
[20:40] | Oh, yes, Baxter. Just a minute. | 哦 是巴克斯特 等我一下 |
[20:42] | All right, Miss Finch. Type up what we got so far. | 好的 芬奇小姐 把我们说好的这些打印好 |
[20:48] | Look, I’ve got you down for tonight,… | 看 原来我给你安排在今天晚上的 |
[20:51] | ..but I’ll be using the place myself, | 但是我今天晚上要自己用公寓 |
[20:52] | so I’ll have to cancel. | 所以我必须取消你预定的时间 |
[20:54] | But it’s her birthday. I already ordered the cake. | 但是今天是她的生日 我已经定了蛋糕 |
[20:57] | But I am sick. I got a terrible cold and a fever. | 但是我病了 得了重感冒还发烧 |
[21:00] | I got to go to bed right after work. | 我必须要在工作后回家睡觉 |
[21:02] | If you got a cold, you go to a Turkish bath. | 如果你感冒了 就应该泡一下土耳其浴 |
[21:05] | Spend the night. Sweat it out. | 泡一晚上 好好出出汗 |
[21:06] | That’s how you get pneumonia. | 那是你为什么会得肺炎的原因 |
[21:08] | If I got pneumonia, I’d be in bed for a month. | 如果我得了肺炎 那我就要躺上一个月了 |
[21:11] | OK. You made your point. | 好的 你说得有道理 |
[21:12] | We’ll just have to do it next Wednesday night. | 我在下个星期三晚上可以吗? |
[21:15] | It’s the only night I can get away. | 只有那天我才有空 |
[21:18] | Wednesday, Wednesday… Wednesday. | 星期三 星期三 星期三 |
[21:22] | I got somebody pencilled in. | 已经有人预订了 |
[21:25] | Let me see what I can do. I’ll get back to you. | 让我来安排一下 我马上给你回复 |
[21:38] | Mr.Eichelberger. | 爱奇尔伯格先生 |
[21:39] | Oh, yes, Baxter. What’s your problem? | 哦 是巴克斯特 有什么事情? |
[21:44] | Wednesday is out? | 星期三不行? |
[21:45] | Oh, that throws a little monkey wrench into my agenda. | 天啊 这把我的日程弄得一团糟 |
[21:49] | Thursday? No, I’m all tied up on Thursday. | 星期四?不行 那一整天我都没有空 |
[21:54] | Let’s schedule that, uh… meeting for Friday. | 让我来排排时间 呃 在星期五怎么样? |
[21:57] | Friday. | 星期五 |
[22:00] | Let me see what I can do. I’ll get back to you. | 让我来盘算一下 等一下给你回复 |
[22:09] | Premiumwise and billingwise, | 在保险金和保单种类方面 |
[22:11] | we are 18 per cent ahead of last year Octoberwise. | 我们比去年增长了18% |
[22:16] | Hello? Yeah, Baxter. What’s up? | 喂?哦 巴克斯特 有什么事情? |
[22:19] | Instead of Friday, could you possibly switch to Thursday? | 我把你的时间从星期五调到星期四如何? |
[22:23] | You’d be doing me a great favour. | 你帮了我一个大忙了 |
[22:26] | Let me check. I’ll get back to you. | 然我来看看 等下回复你 |
[22:30] | Consolidated Life. I’ll connect you. | 联合生活 我以后联系你 |
[22:33] | Sylvia, it’s for you. | 塞尔维亚 你的电话 |
[22:35] | Yeah? | 喂? |
[22:37] | Oh, hello. | 你好 |
[22:39] | Sure I got home all right. You owe me 45 cents. | 我当然自己回家了 你欠我45美分 |
[22:42] | Look, Sylvia. | 听着 塞尔维亚 |
[22:43] | Instead of Friday, could we make it Thursday night? | 不在星期五 我们星期四晚上如何? |
[22:46] | Thursday?! | 星期四? |
[22:48] | Well, that’s The Untouchables with Bob Stack! | 那好吧 那就取消和鲍勃·斯戴布的约会 |
[22:52] | Bob who? | 鲍勃是谁? |
[22:54] | All right, so we’ll watch it at the apartment. Big deal! | 好的 那我们在公寓碰面 有什么了不起 |
[23:02] | Hello, Baxter? It’s OK for Thursday. | 喂 巴克斯特吗?星期四可以了 |
[23:05] | Thank you, Mr.Kirkeby. | 谢谢 克科比先生 |
[23:17] | Mr.Eichelberger, it’s OK for Friday. | 爱奇尔伯格先生 星期五可以了 |
[23:27] | Mr.Vanderhof? OK for Wednesday. | 万德豪夫先生 星期三可以了 |
[23:41] | All right. I’ll tell him. | 好的 我会告诉他的 |
[23:43] | Hey, Baxter, | 嗨 巴克斯特 |
[23:44] | that was Personnel. Mr.Sheldrake’s secretary. | 人事部舍尔爵克先生的秘书给你打了电话 |
[23:47] | She’s been trying to reach you for the last 20 minutes. | 她在开始的20分钟里一直想找你 |
[23:49] | They want you upstairs. | 他们让你上楼 |
[23:53] | Are you getting promoted? Or fired? | 你要升职 还是被炒鱿鱼? |
[23:56] | Would you care to make a small wager? | 那我们来小赌一把如何? |
[23:57] | I’ve been here twice as long as you but… | 我在这里待的时间是你的两倍 但是 |
[24:00] | Let’s say a dollar? | 赌一美元如何? |
[24:02] | It’s a bet! | 赌就赌 |
[24:18] | – Going up? – Oh! Excuse me. | – 上去吗?- 哦 对不起 |
[24:20] | 27, please. Drive carefully. | 27楼 谢谢 小心一点 |
[24:22] | You’re carrying precious cargo. | 你在运送一件重要的货物 |
[24:24] | I mean manpowerwise. | 也就是指大人物 |
[24:26] | 27. | 27楼 |
[24:28] | You may not realise it, | 看不出来吧 |
[24:29] | but I am in the top ten, efficiencywise,… | 我是公司业绩评估的前十名 |
[24:32] | ..and this may be the day promotionwise. | 今天我很有可能被提升 |
[24:35] | You’re beginning to sound like Mr.Kirkeby already. | 你说话已经开始像克科比先生了 |
[24:37] | Why not, as they’re kicking me upstairs? | 为什么不呢 当他们把我送到楼上 |
[24:39] | Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy. | 为什么这种事情不能发生在一个好人身上呢 |
[24:42] | You know, you’re the only one who takes his hat off in the elevator. | 你知道 你是电梯里唯一脱帽的人 |
[24:45] | Something happens to men in elevators. | 这是电梯里男人们的事情 |
[24:48] | It’s the change of altitude. | 这是地位改变的缘故 |
[24:49] | The blood rushes to their head. | 血都冲到他们的头上了 |
[24:51] | – I could tell you stories… – I’d love to hear ’em. | – 我可以给你将一些故事 – 我很乐意听 |
[24:54] | We could have lunch in the cafeteria sometime. | 我们找时间一起吃顿饭如何 |
[24:57] | Or some evening, after work? | 或者在工作后的某个晚上 |
[24:59] | – 27. – Oh. | – 27楼到 – 哦 |
[25:02] | – I hope everything goes all right. – I hope so. | – 我希望你一切顺利 – 我也希望如此 |
[25:05] | They would call me today, what with my cold. | 他们今天给我打电话 我的感冒也好些了 |
[25:07] | – How do I look? – Fine. Wait. | – 我看起来精神吗?- 很好 等一下 |
[25:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[25:12] | I noticed, when you were still on the local elevator, | 我注意到了 当你在电梯上的时候 |
[25:15] | you always wore a flower. | 你总会戴一朵小花 |
[25:17] | Good luck. And wipe your nose. | 祝你好运 把你的鼻子擦干净 |
[25:36] | CC Baxter, Ordinary Premium Accounting. | CC 巴克斯特 普通保费清算部 |
[25:38] | Mr.Sheldrake called me. | 舍尔爵克先生叫我 |
[25:39] | I called you. That is, I tried to for 20 minutes. | 我找你 而且我都找你20分钟了 |
[25:42] | – I’m sorry. – Go on in. | – 不好意思 – 进去吧 |
[25:56] | – Baxter? – Yes, sir. | – 巴克斯特?- 是的 先生 |
[25:58] | Come in, come in. | 进来 进来 |
[26:01] | I was sort of wondering what you looked like, Baxter. | 我正在你长什么样子 巴克斯特 |
[26:04] | – Sit down. – Yes, Mr.Sheldrake. | – 请坐 – 谢谢 舍尔爵克先生 |
[26:08] | Been hearing some nice things about you. | 我听说一些人都说你很优秀 |
[26:11] | Mr.Dobisch says you’re loyal, cooperative, resourceful. | 克比奇先生说你忠诚 富有合作精神 很有潜力 |
[26:14] | – Mr.Dobisch said that? – Mr.Kirkeby tells me you often work late… | – 他这么说?- 克科比先生说你经常加班 |
[26:18] | – ..without overtime. – You know how it is. Things pile up. | – 却不领加班费 – 你知道的 事情总是一大堆 |
[26:22] | Mr.Vanderhof in Public Relations | 公共关系部的万德豪夫先生 |
[26:24] | and Mr.Eichelberger in Mortgage and Loans… | 抵押和借贷部的爱奇尔伯格先生 |
[26:26] | ..would both like you transferred to their departments. | 都希望你能调到他们的部门 |
[26:29] | Very flattering. | 太过奖了 |
[26:32] | Tell me, Baxter. | 告诉我 巴克斯特 |
[26:33] | Just what is it that makes you so popular? | 究竟是什么原因让你这么受人欢迎? |
[26:36] | – I don’t know. – Think. | – 我不知道 – 想一想 |
[26:45] | Would you mind repeating the question? | 你能在重复一下问题吗? |
[26:47] | Look, Baxter. I’m not stupid. | 听着 巴克斯特 我并不傻 |
[26:49] | I know everything that goes on in this building every day of the year. | 我知道这栋大楼每天发生的事情 |
[26:54] | You do? | 真的吗? |
[26:56] | In 1957 we had an employee here, name of Fowler. | 1957年 我们这里有一个雇员 名叫弗劳尔 |
[26:58] | He was very popular too. | 他也很受欢迎 |
[27:00] | It turned out he was running a bookie joint,… | 后来才知道 他在开一个赌马的投注点 |
[27:03] | ..tying up our switchboard, | 连上我们的接线总机 |
[27:04] | using our IBM machines to figure the odds. | 并用我们的IBM计算机来计算冷门 |
[27:07] | The day before the Kentucky Derby | 在肯塔基德比赛的前一天 |
[27:08] | I called in the vice squad, who raided him. | 我告诉了刑警队 他们逮捕了他 |
[27:11] | – The vice squad? – That’s right. | – 刑警队?- 是的 |
[27:13] | What’s that got to do with me? | 这和我有什么关系呢? |
[27:15] | I’m not running any bookie joint. | 我没有开任何一个赌马的投注点 |
[27:17] | – Just what kind of joint are you running? – Sir? | – 那你开的是哪种中介站呢?- 先生? |
[27:20] | A key is floating around from Kirkeby to Vanderhof | 一个联结从克科比到万德豪夫 |
[27:24] | to Eichelberger to Dobisch. | 到艾奇尔伯格 再到多比奇的关键东西 |
[27:26] | It’s the key to a certain apartment. | 这个东西好像是一间公寓 |
[27:28] | – Know who that apartment belongs to? – Who? | – 知道公寓是谁的吗?- 谁? |
[27:32] | Loyal, resourceful, cooperative CC Baxter. | 忠诚的极具潜力和合作精神的CC 巴克斯特先生 |
[27:37] | – Oh. – Are you going to deny it? | – 哦 – 你打算否认这一切吗? |
[27:41] | No. I’m not going to deny it. | 不 我不想否认这一切 |
[27:43] | If you’d just let me explain. | 如果你能给我一个解释的机会 |
[27:45] | You’d better. | 说吧 |
[27:47] | Well,… | 好 |
[27:50] | about a year ago, I was going to night school, | 大约一年前 我正在上夜校 |
[27:52] | studying advanced accounting. | 学习高级会计 |
[27:55] | One of the guys in our department Iives in Jersey | 我们部门的一个住在泽西的家伙 |
[27:57] | had to go to a banquet in town. | 要参加镇上的一个晚宴 |
[28:00] | He needed someplace to change into a tuxedo, | 他需要一个地方来换燕尾服 |
[28:02] | so I gave him the key. | 于是我把钥匙借给了他 |
[28:05] | Word must’ve gotten out | 这个消息一下全传开了 |
[28:06] | because all sorts of guys were suddenly going to banquets. | 忽然间所有人都要参加晚宴 |
[28:11] | You give the key to one guy, you can’t say no to another. | 你把钥匙给了这个人 你就不能拒绝另外一个 |
[28:13] | It all got out of hand. | 事情终于无法控制 |
[28:19] | Baxter, an insurance company is founded on public trust. | 巴克斯特 一个保险公司是建立在公众信任之上的 |
[28:22] | Any employee who conducts himself in a manner unbecoming… | 一个雇员如果行为不典的话 |
[28:26] | How many charter members are there in this little club? | 你们这一个小团体有几个人? |
[28:29] | Just those four. Out of a total of 31,259. | 只有四个 31 259人中的四个 |
[28:33] | So actually we can be very proud of our personnel… | 所以 我们应该为我们的员工自豪 |
[28:36] | percentagewise. | 这个比例很小 |
[28:37] | That’s not the point. | 但这不是重点 |
[28:38] | Four rotten apples in a barrel, however large the barrel… | 不管这个篮子有多大 都已经有四个烂苹果了 |
[28:42] | – Do you realise if this ever leaked out… – It won’t! | – 你意识到这有多大的危害吗 – 不会的 |
[28:45] | Believe me. Never again. | 相信我 再也不会了 |
[28:46] | Nobody is gonna use my apartment from now on. | 从现在开始 没有人会用我的钥匙 |
[28:50] | – Where is your apartment? – West 67th Street. | – 你的公寓在哪里?- 西67街 |
[28:53] | You have no idea what I go through with the neighbours, | 你不知道我是怎么和邻居和房东太太 |
[28:56] | the landlady and the key. | 处理关于钥匙的事情 |
[28:58] | How do you work it with the key? | 你是怎么把钥匙给他们的? |
[29:00] | I slip it to ’em in the office | 我在办公室时把钥匙给他们 |
[29:02] | and they leave it under a mat. | 他们走的时候放在毯子下面 |
[29:04] | Never again. I promise. | 我保证再也不会了 |
[29:09] | Yes, Miss Olsen? | 奥尔森小姐 有什么事情? |
[29:10] | Mrs Sheldrake, returning your call. On 2. | 舍尔爵克太太 在2线给你回电话 |
[29:18] | Yes, dear. Where were you? | 亲爱的 你在哪里呢? |
[29:20] | You had to take Tommy to the dentist? | 你应该带托米看牙医的? |
[29:23] | No cavities? Good. Hold it, dear. | 没有虫牙?好的 等一下 亲爱的 |
[29:26] | – Where are you going, Baxter? – I don’t wanna intrude. | – 你去哪里 巴克斯特先生?- 我不想打扰你 |
[29:29] | – Since this is straightened out… – I’m not through with you yet. | – 既然事情已经清楚了 – 我和你还有事情 |
[29:32] | I won’t be home for dinner tonight. | 我今天晚上不能回家吃晚饭了 |
[29:34] | The branch manager from Kansas City is in town. | 堪萨斯分部的经理今天来了 |
[29:36] | I’m taking him to the theatre. | 我要陪他去看戏 |
[29:39] | Music Man. What else? | 剧名叫音乐人 还有什么事情吗? |
[29:41] | No, don’t wait up for me, darling. Goodbye. | 不 不要等我 亲爱的 再见 |
[29:44] | Tell me, Baxter. Have you seen Music Man? | 告诉我 巴克斯特 你看过音乐人这部戏吗? |
[29:48] | Not yet. I hear it’s one swell show. | 还没有 不过听说很不错 |
[29:51] | How would you like to go tonight? | 今天晚上你去怎么样? |
[29:53] | You and me? | 你和我吗? |
[29:54] | I thought you were taking the branch manager from Kansas City. | 我想你要陪那位从堪萨斯来的经理吧 |
[29:58] | No, I have other plans. You can have both tickets. | 不 我有其他的事情 你可以把这两张票都拿去 |
[30:01] | Well… that’s very kind of you. | 哦 你太好了 |
[30:03] | But I’m not feeling well. I’ve got this cold. | 但是我今天身体不太舒服 感冒了 |
[30:06] | I’m gonna go right home. | 我只想马上回家休息 |
[30:07] | Baxter, you’re not reading me. | 巴克斯特 你没有弄懂我的意思 |
[30:08] | I told you I have plans. | 我告诉你有计划的 |
[30:11] | So do l. I’m gonna take four aspirins, get into bed. | 我也是 我就想吃四片阿斯匹林 然后上床睡觉 |
[30:15] | So give the tickets to somebody else. | 那您把票给别人吧 |
[30:17] | Look, Baxter. I’m not just giving these tickets. I wanna swap them. | 听着 巴克斯特 我不是想白给你票 我想和你交换 |
[30:22] | Swap ’em? For what? | 交换?换什么? |
[30:26] | It also says here that you are alert, astute and quite imaginative. | 他们都说你头脑机敏 狡猾 还非常有想象力 |
[30:33] | Oh? | 哦? |
[30:40] | Oh… | 哦 |
[30:51] | That’s good thinking, Baxter. | 这就对了 巴克斯特 |
[30:53] | There’s gonna be a shift in personnel next month. | 下个月人事部会有一个调动的机会 |
[30:55] | And as far as I’m concerned, you are executive material. | 据我所知 你是一个当经理的好材料 |
[30:59] | – I am? – Now put down the key. | – 我?- 现在你把钥匙留下 |
[31:05] | And put down the address. | 写好你的地址 |
[31:09] | It’s on the second floor. | 我的公寓在二楼 |
[31:11] | There’s no name over the door. It just says apartment 2A. | 门上什么都没有 只写着公寓2A |
[31:15] | – It’s that cold. – Relax, Baxter. | – 很冷吗?- 放松点 巴克斯特 |
[31:17] | Yes, thank you, sir. | 好的 谢谢 |
[31:21] | You will be careful with the record player? Shh. | 你们应该注意点唱片机 小声点 |
[31:25] | Oh, and about the liquor. | 对了 还有酒的问题 |
[31:27] | I ordered some this morning. | 我今天上午已经预订了 |
[31:27] | I don’t know when they’ll deliver it. | 我不知道他们会什么时候送过来 |
[31:32] | – This is going to be our little secret. – Of course. | – 这是我们的小秘密 – 当然 |
[31:35] | – You know how people talk. – Don’t worry about that. | – 你知道人言可畏 – 不要担心 |
[31:38] | Not that I have anything to hide. | 我没有什么好隐藏的 |
[31:39] | No! Anyway, it’s none of my business. | 是 总之 这不关我的事 |
[31:42] | Four apples, five apples. What’s the difference? | 4个人 5个人 有什么区别呢? |
[31:46] | Percentagewise. | 很好的比率 |
[31:48] | Here you are, Baxter. Have a nice time. | 给你 巴克斯特先生 玩得愉快 |
[31:51] | You too, sir. | 你也一样 先生 |
[32:25] | So I figure, a man in his position, | 我认为像他这种职位的人 |
[32:27] | he’ll take me to EI Morocco, maybe 21. | 他会带我去El 摩洛哥 可能是21 |
[32:29] | Instead he takes me to Hamburger Heaven and some schnook’s apartment. | 而他却带我去什么汉堡天堂和一个傻瓜的公寓 |
[32:39] | – Good night. – Good night. | 晚安 晚安 |
[32:43] | Oh! Miss Kubelik? | 嘿 库伯利克小姐 |
[32:45] | I’ve been waiting for you. I almost didn’t recognise you. | 我一直在等你 差一点没认不出你 |
[32:49] | This is the first time I’ve seen you in civilian clothes. | 这是第一次我看你穿便装 |
[32:52] | – How’d it go on the 27th floor? – Great. | – 到27楼后结果如何?- 非常好 |
[32:54] | – Look, have you seen The Music Man? – No. | – 你看过音乐人吗?- 没有 |
[32:57] | – Would you like to? – Sure. | – 那你想不想去看呢?- 当然 |
[32:59] | We could get a bite to eat first, and then go. | 我们可以先去吃点什么 然后再去看戏 |
[33:01] | – Oh, you mean tonight? – Yeah. | – 哦 你是说今晚吗?- 对啊 |
[33:03] | – I’m sorry, I can’t. I’m meeting somebody. – Oh. | – 不好意思 恐怕不行 我已经约了别人 – 太糟糕了 |
[33:06] | – You mean… Iike a girlfriend? – No. Like a man. | – 你是指 和你的女性朋友约会?- 不 一个男的 |
[33:10] | I wasn’t trying to be personal. The fellas in the office were wondering if you ever… | 我想这不是我个人的意见 公司的同事都在想你是否已经 |
[33:14] | You tell ’em now and then. | 你随便什么时候告诉他们 |
[33:16] | This date, is it… just a date? Or is it something serious? | 这个约会 就是一个约会?有什么很严重的问题吗? |
[33:21] | Well, it used to be serious. | 哦 曾经是一个很严重的问题 |
[33:22] | At least, I was. But he wasn’t. | 至少对我是的 但对他就不是 |
[33:25] | So now the whole thing’s more or less kaput. | 所以现在整件事情多多少少意义都不大了 |
[33:27] | – In that case, couldn’t you… – I’m afraid not. | – 如果那样的话 你能不能 – 恐怕不行 |
[33:30] | I promised I’d have a drink with him. He’s been calling me all week. | 我答应他和他喝酒的 你已经约我一个星期了 |
[33:35] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[33:37] | Well, it was just an idea. I hate to see a theatre ticket go to waste. | 哦 这只是我的建议 我不想看到这两张戏票浪费 |
[33:42] | – What time does the show go on? – 8.30. | – 这场戏什么时候开始?- 八点半开始 |
[33:45] | Well, I could meet you at the theatre. | 好吧 我尽可能到戏院找你 |
[33:47] | That’s wonderful! It’s the Majestic on 44th Street. | 太好了 就在44街 |
[33:52] | I’ll meet you in the lobby. | 我在大堂等你 |
[33:54] | You know, I felt so lousy this morning. Had 101 fever. | 你知道的 早上我的精神很差 好像得了101 感冒 |
[33:57] | Now along comes my promotion and us – 11th row centre. | 现在我得到了升迁 并且还有11排中间的座位 |
[34:01] | And you said I should’ve stayed in bed. | 你还说我要躺在床上休息 |
[34:03] | – How is your cold? – What cold? | – 你感冒怎样了?- 什么感冒 |
[34:05] | After the show we could go out on the town. | 看完戏后 我们还能在镇上四处逛逛 |
[34:09] | – I’ve been taking from Arthur Murray. – So I see. | – 我从亚瑟·莫里那里得到了力量 – 我明白 |
[34:12] | There’s a great band at EI Chico, in the Village. | 村上的EI·奇科有一支很好的乐队 |
[34:15] | – Around the corner from where you live. – Sounds good. | – 就在你家附近的拐口处 – 听起来很不错 |
[34:19] | How do you know where I live? | 你怎么知道我住在哪里? |
[34:21] | Oh, l… even know who you live with. | 哦 我甚至知道你和谁一起住 |
[34:24] | Your sister and brother-in-law. | 你姐姐和姐夫 |
[34:26] | I know when you were born and where. | 我知道你什么时候在哪里生的 |
[34:29] | I know all sorts of things about you. | 我知道所有关于你的事情 |
[34:30] | How come? | 你怎么知道这些得? |
[34:32] | A couple of months ago I looked up your card | 几个月前 我在集团的人身保险里 |
[34:33] | in the group insurance file. | 看到了你的资料卡片 |
[34:36] | I know your height and your weight and your social security number. | 我知道你的身高体重 社保号码 |
[34:40] | You had mumps and measles and you had your appendix out. | 你得过腮腺炎和麻疹 你的阑尾已经被割掉了 |
[34:45] | Don’t mention the appendix to the fellas in the office. | 不要给公司的那帮家伙说我割了阑尾 |
[34:49] | I wouldn’t want ’em to get the wrong idea about how you found out. Bye. | 我不想让别人在背后乱猜你如何知道的 再见 |
[34:57] | 8:30! | 八点半 |
[35:48] | – Good evening, Mr.Sheldrake. – Please, Fran. Not so loud. | – 晚上好 舍尔爵克先生 – 弗兰 请不要这么大声 |
[35:52] | Still afraid someone might see us together? | 你还害怕有人看到我们在一起? |
[35:55] | – Let me take your coat. – No, Jeff. I can’t stay very long. | – 我来帮你放大衣 – 不 杰夫 我不能待太久 |
[35:59] | – Can I have a frozen daiquiri? – It’s on the way. | – 我能喝一杯冰冻的待克瑞鸡尾酒吗?- 马上就到 |
[36:04] | – I see you went ahead and cut your hair. – That’s right. | – 我看到你走过来 而且头发已经剪短了 – 没错 |
[36:07] | – You know I liked it better long. – I know. | – 你知道我更喜欢你留长头发的 – 我知道 |
[36:11] | You want a lock to carry in your wallet? | 你还想你的钱包有一个锁呢? |
[36:14] | – Evening, lady. Nice to see you again. – Thank you. | – 晚上好 女士 很高兴再次看到你 – 谢谢 |
[36:19] | How long has it been, Fran? A month? | 已经有多久了 弗兰?一个月吗? |
[36:22] | Six weeks. But who’s counting? | 6个星期 那有什么意义呢 |
[36:25] | I missed you. | 我想你 |
[36:30] | Like old times. | 老土 |
[36:32] | Same booth. Same song. | 同样的座位 同样的音乐 |
[36:36] | – It’s been hell. – Same sauce. Sweet-and-sour. | – 糟糕透了 – 同样酸甜的沙司 |
[36:42] | You don’t know what it’s like, next to you in that elevator. | 你不知道在电梯里与你隔肩而立是什么感觉 |
[36:46] | “Good morning, Miss Kubelik.” “Good night, Mr.Sheldrake.” | “早上好 库伯利克小姐 晚上好 舍尔爵克先生 “ |
[36:49] | I’m still crazy about you, Fran. | 弗兰 我对你仍是一往情深 |
[36:52] | Let’s not start on that again, Jeff. Please? | 杰夫 请不要开始就这样说 好吗? |
[36:55] | I’m just beginning to get over it. | 我只是开始讲述我对你的真情 |
[36:59] | I don’t believe you. | 鬼才信你 |
[37:02] | Look, Jeff. We had two wonderful months this summer. | 听者 杰夫 今年夏天的两个月我们过得很开心 |
[37:05] | But that was it. Happens all the time. | 但是那都已经过去了 |
[37:08] | Wife and kids go away to the country | 妻子和孩子一出国旅游 |
[37:10] | and the boss has a fling with his secretary,… | 老板就可以和他的秘书 |
[37:13] | ..or the manicurist, or the elevator girl. | 或者发廊妹 或者电梯小姐偷欢 |
[37:15] | Come September, the picnic’s over. Goodbye. | 九月一到来 野餐结束了 也就该说再见了 |
[37:19] | The kids go back to school, the boss goes back to the wife,… | 孩子们会重新回到学校 老板也要回到他夫人身边 |
[37:23] | ..and the girl… | 至于那可怜的女孩 |
[37:27] | They don’t make these shrimp like they used to. | 他们再也不会像以往一样 做她爱吃的龙虾 |
[37:33] | I never said goodbye, Fran. | 弗兰 我从来都没有说分手 |
[37:37] | For a while there, you try kidding yourself | 在那段时间 你开玩笑说 |
[37:39] | that you’re going with an unmarried man. | 你快乐得像一个单身汉 |
[37:42] | Then one day he keeps looking at his watch… | 然后 有一天他就开始不停地看表 |
[37:45] | ..and asks you if any lipstick’s showing,… | 并问我你身上是不是还有口红的痕迹 |
[37:48] | ..then rushes out to catch the 7.14 to White Plains. | 然后就冲出去 去赶去白原的火车 |
[37:53] | So you fix yourself a cup of instant coffee… | 就像喝一杯速溶咖啡一样潇洒 |
[37:56] | ..and you sit there by yourself and you think,… | 你坐在那里 然后在想 |
[38:01] | ..and it all begins to look so… ugly. | 一切看起来都是那么的无聊 |
[38:08] | How do you think I felt riding home on that 7.14 train? | 你知道我赶19:14的火车回家是什么感受吗? |
[38:12] | Why do you keep calling me, Jeff? | 杰夫 你为什么还要给我打电话? |
[38:14] | What do you want from me? | 你还要我怎么样? |
[38:16] | I want you back, Fran. | 弗兰 我想你回到我身边 |
[38:19] | Sorry, Mr.Sheldrake. I’m full up. | 不好意思 舍尔爵克先生 我现在很忙 |
[38:20] | You’ll have to take the next elevator. | 你应该去找另外一个人了 |
[38:23] | You’re not giving me a chance, Fran. | 弗兰 你都不给我一个机会 |
[38:25] | I have something to tell you. | 我有一些事情要告诉你 |
[38:27] | Go ahead. Tell me. | 快说啊 什么事情 |
[38:28] | Not here. Can’t we go someplace else? | 不在这里 我们能换一个地方吗? |
[38:31] | – No. I have a date at 8.30. – Oh? | – 不行 我8:30还有个约会 – 什么? |
[38:34] | – Important? – Not very, but I’m gonna be there anyway. | – 很重要吗?- 不是 但是我不能爽约 |
[38:38] | – You ready order dinner now? – No. No dinner. | – 你想现在吃东西吗?- 不 我不想吃 |
[38:41] | Just bring us two more drinks, will you? | 再来两杯 好吗? |
[39:03] | Fran, do you remember that last weekend we had? | 弗兰 你还记得我们在一起的那个周末吗? |
[39:06] | Do l! That leaky boat you rented, | 我记得吗?你租的那条破船 |
[39:08] | and me in a black negligee and a life preserver. | 我穿着黑色的睡衣 还戴着救生圈 |
[39:11] | Do you remember what we talked about? | 那你记得我们说过什么吗? |
[39:14] | – We talked about a lot of things. – I mean about my getting a divorce. | – 我们说了很多事情 – 我是说我要离婚 |
[39:17] | We didn’t talk about it, Jeff. You did. | 我们没有说过 杰夫 是你说的 |
[39:20] | You didn’t believe me, did you? | 你不相信我 是吗? |
[39:22] | They got it on a long-playing record now. | 他们现在换了一张唱片 |
[39:24] | “Music to String Her Along By.” | “音乐把她带到身边” |
[39:27] | “My wife doesn’t understand me. | “我妻子根本不理解我” |
[39:28] | You’re the best thing that ever happened to me.” | “你是我碰到的最理解我的人” |
[39:32] | That’s enough, Fran. | 这不够嘛 弗兰” |
[39:33] | Trust me, baby. We’ll work it out.” | “相信我 宝贝 我们一起解决好这问题” |
[39:35] | – You’re not being funny. – I wasn’t trying. | – 别逗了 – 我没有 |
[39:38] | – Fran, just listen to me for a minute. – All right. I’m sorry. | – 弗兰 你就听我讲几分钟 – 好吧 我很抱歉 |
[39:42] | I saw my lawyer this morning. | 今天早上 我见了我的律师 |
[39:44] | I wanted his advice about the best way to handle it. | 向他征询如何才能最好的解决这一问题 |
[39:48] | – Handle what? – What do you think? | – 解决什么问题?- 你认为呢? |
[39:52] | Let’s get something straight, Jeff. | 杰夫 我们有话直说 |
[39:53] | I never asked you to leave your wife. | 我从来都没有让你离开你的妻子 |
[39:56] | Of course not. You had nothing to do with it. | 当然没有 你不用考虑这些问题 |
[40:01] | Are you sure that’s what you want? | 你确认你是认真的吗? |
[40:04] | I’m sure… if you’ll just tell me that you still love me. | 当然 如果你告诉我你还爱我 |
[40:11] | You know I do. | 你知道我的心意 |
[40:16] | Fran. | 弗兰 |
[40:21] | Jeff, darling… | 杰夫 亲爱的 |
[40:30] | It is getting crowded. Let’s get out of here. | 这里人太多了 我们出去吧 |
[41:05] | Taxi! | 出租车 |
[41:07] | Jeff, I have that date, remember? | 杰夫 我还有个约会 记得吗? |
[41:09] | But I love you, remember? | 但是我爱你 记得吗? |
[41:11] | Where are we going? | 我们去哪里? |
[41:14] | – Not back to that leaky boat? – I promise. | – 不会再去那条破船吧 – 我保证不会 |
[41:21] | 51 West 67th. | 西67街51号 |
[42:07] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[42:25] | Would you mind? CC Baxter – that’s me. | 你在意吗?CC 巴克斯特 是我 |
[42:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[42:48] | Hi, Buddy-boy. Congratulations and all that jazz. | 嗨 巴迪男孩 恭喜你 真让人开心 |
[42:52] | – Hi, fellas. – Well, you made it, just like we promised. | – 嘿 好家伙 – 好了 你升职了 正如我们许诺的那样 |
[42:56] | Quite an office. Name on the door, rug on the floor. | 好漂亮的办公室 看看门上的名字 地上的毯子 |
[42:59] | Teamwork: that’s what counts in this organisation. | 团队工作: 是一个组织存在的前提 |
[43:02] | All for one and one for all. | 人人为我 我为人人 |
[43:04] | – Know what I mean? – I have a vague idea. | – 知道我什么意思吗?- 不太清楚 |
[43:06] | Baxter, we’re a little disappointed in you, gratitude wise. | 巴克斯特 我们对你有点失望 竟然一点感谢都没有 |
[43:09] | Oh, I’m very grateful. | 哦 我非常感谢各位的帮助 |
[43:11] | Then why are you locking us out? | 那你为什么把我们拒之门外呢? |
[43:13] | Well, it’s been sort of rough the past few weeks, | 哦 过去几个星期里 对大家确有不周之处 |
[43:15] | what with my cold and… Iike that. | 那是因为我感冒了 |
[43:19] | We went to bat for you. Now you won’t play ball with us. | 我们把你提上来 现在你却不理我们了 |
[43:22] | After all, it’s my apartment. It’s private property, | 说到底 这是我的公寓 我的私人财产 |
[43:24] | not a public playground. | 不是公众的游乐场 |
[43:26] | So you got yourself a girl. | 你是不是也找了一个女朋友 |
[43:28] | That’s OK with us. But not every night in the week! | 这没有问题 你总不会每天晚上都做爱吧 |
[43:30] | How selfish can you get? | 你怎么能这么自私呢? |
[43:32] | Last week I had to use my nephew’s car | 上个星期 我不得不借我侄子的汽车 |
[43:34] | and take Sylvia to a drive-in in Jersey. | 带着塞维利亚开车到泽西的汽车旅馆 |
[43:36] | I’m too old for that sort of thing… | 我太老了 不能那样折腾 |
[43:38] | I mean in a Volkswagen. | 我是说在大众汽车里 |
[43:39] | I sympathise with you. Believe me, I’m very sorry. | 我很同情你 相信我 我对此也非常的难过 |
[43:43] | – You’ll be a lot sorrier. – Are you threatening me? | – 你会为此更后悔的 – 你在威胁我吗? |
[43:46] | Listen, Baxter. | 听着 巴克斯特 |
[43:47] | We made you and we can break you. | 我们可以提你上来 也可以把你踢回原形 |
[43:51] | – Good morning, Mr.Sheldrake. – Good morning, gentlemen. | – 早上好 舍尔爵克先生 – 早上好 先生们 |
[43:54] | Baxter, do you like your office? | 巴克斯特 喜欢你的办公室吗? |
[43:56] | Yes, sir. I wanna thank you very much. | 是的 先生 非常感谢你的提携 |
[43:58] | Don’t thank me. Your friends here recommended you. | 不要谢我 都是你这里的朋友大力推荐你的 |
[44:01] | We just dropped by to wish him luck. | 我们顺便过来祝他好运 |
[44:03] | We know you won’t let us down. | 我们知道你不会让我们失望的 |
[44:05] | So long, fellas. Drop in any time. | 再见 有空过来坐坐 |
[44:06] | The door is always open… to my office. | 我办公室的大门 永远对你们敞开 |
[44:10] | I like the way you handled that, Baxter. | 我喜欢你处事的方式 巴克斯特先生 |
[44:13] | – How does it feel to be an executive? – Oh, fine. | – 做经理的感觉如何?- 哦 很好 |
[44:15] | I’ll work hard to justify your confidence. | 我会努力工作来增强你对我的信心 |
[44:18] | I’m sure you will. | 我相信你会的 |
[44:19] | About the apartment. | 关于你公寓的事情 |
[44:21] | Now that you’ve got a raise, can’t we afford a second key? | 既然你已经提升了 我们能不能多配一把钥匙 |
[44:24] | – I guess so. – You know my secretary, Miss Olsen? | – 我想没问题的 – 你知道我的秘书 奥尔森小姐? |
[44:27] | – Oh, yeah. Is she the lucky girl that…? – Oh, no, no. | – 哦 她也是你喜欢的人之一吗?- 不是 不是 |
[44:30] | I just meant that she’s kind of a busybody, | 我只是说 她是那种喜欢多管闲事的人 |
[44:33] | and passing that key back and forth… | 把钥匙递来递去的 |
[44:35] | – Why take chances? – You can’t be too careful. | – 万一偶然被她发现就不好了 – 你不用太谨慎了 |
[44:38] | Oh, l… have something I think belongs to you. | 对了 我想这里可能有一些东西是你的 |
[44:44] | – I found it when I got back last night. – Oh. Thanks. | – 昨天晚上我回来的时候发现的 – 哦 谢谢 |
[44:47] | The mirror is broken. It was broken when I found it. | 镜子是破的 当我发现的时候就是破的 |
[44:52] | – Yeah. She threw it at me. – Sir? | – 哦 她用这镜子砸我 没事吧 – 先生? |
[44:55] | You know how it is. | 你知道这是什么回事的了 |
[44:55] | They always give you a bad time. | 他们总不会让你好过的 |
[44:57] | Yeah, I know how it is. | 哦 我知道 |
[44:59] | You see a girl every week for laughs | 你每天对着一个女孩笑 |
[45:01] | and they think you’re gonna divorce your wife. | 他们就认为你要和你的妻子离婚 |
[45:04] | – Now I ask you, is that fair? – No, sir. It’s very unfair. | – 我问你 这公平吗?- 不 非常不公平 |
[45:07] | – Especially to your wife. – Yeah. | – 特别是对你的妻子不公平 – 是的 |
[45:09] | You know, Baxter, I envy you. | 你知道 巴克斯特 我很羡慕你 |
[45:10] | A bachelor, all the dames you want, no complications. | 一个单身汉 想干什么就干什么 无所顾忌 |
[45:14] | That’s the life all right. | 那才是真正的生活 |
[45:16] | – Put me down for Thursday again. – Roger. | – 我星期四还需要那公寓 – 明白 |
[45:18] | And I’ll get that other key. | 到时候 我就用那把钥匙 |
[45:33] | Merry Christmas. I’ll connect you. | 圣诞快乐 到时候再联系 |
[45:34] | Merry Christmas. Consolidated Life. | 圣诞快乐 联合生活 |
[45:37] | Merry Christmas. I’m ringing. | 圣诞快乐 我正在打电话 |
[45:39] | Yeah? Yeah?! | 喂?喂? |
[45:41] | Where? | 哪里? |
[45:42] | You bet! | 你猜 |
[45:44] | Somebody watch my line. | 有人占住我的线路 |
[45:44] | There’s a swingin’ party on the 19th floor! | 19楼有一个晚会 |
[45:50] | # Oh, what fun it is to ride in a one-horse open sleigh | # 驾着一匹马拉的雪橇是多么快乐 |
[45:53] | # Hey! Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way | # 嗨 铃儿响 铃儿响 铃儿一直响 |
[45:57] | # Oh, what fun it is to ride in a one-horse open sleigh | # 驾着一匹马拉的雪橇是多么快乐 |
[46:23] | Miss Kubelik? Miss… | 库伯力克小姐? |
[46:25] | – Merry Christmas. – Thank you. | – 圣诞快乐 – 谢谢 |
[46:28] | – I thought you were avoiding me. – What gave you that idea? | – 我想你好像在躲着我 – 为什么会这么想呢? |
[46:31] | In six weeks you’ve only been in my elevator once, | 在6个星期里 你只是坐过我的电梯一次 |
[46:33] | and you kept on your hat. | 你还戴着帽子 |
[46:35] | As a matter of fact, I was rather hurt that night you stood me up. | 事实上 那天晚上我等了很久你都没有到 这让我很伤心 |
[46:38] | I don’t blame you. It was unforgivable. | 我知道 这是个不可原谅的错误 |
[46:41] | – I forgive you. – You shouldn’t. | – 我原谅你 – 你不应该 |
[46:42] | You couldn’t help it. | 这种事情你也没有办法的 |
[46:43] | You can’t suddenly walk out on one man… | 你不可能突然对那个男人说 |
[46:46] | ..because you have a date with another man. | 因为我和另外一个男人还有一个约会 |
[46:48] | – You did the decent thing. – Don’t be too sure. | – 你做得很对 – 不要太自信 |
[46:51] | Just because I wear a uniform, | 就是因为我穿的是制服 |
[46:52] | that doesn’t make me a Girl Scout. | 这并不能使我成为一个女童子军 |
[46:54] | A second administrative assistant has to be a pretty good judge of character. | 第二管理助理应该是一个非常好的职位 |
[46:59] | And as far as I’m concerned, you’re tops. | 而且据我所知 你非常优秀 |
[47:02] | I mean decencywise and… otherwisewise. | 我是说你非常的优雅 有气质 |
[47:07] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[47:11] | – One more. – I shouldn’t drink while driving. | – 再来一杯 – 我操作电梯的时候不能喝酒 |
[47:13] | You’re so right. | 你说得很对 |
[47:14] | By the power vested in me, I declare this elevator out of order. | 凭借我的权利 我宣布这部电梯停止工作 |
[47:18] | Shall we join the natives? | 我们去和他们一起狂欢吗? |
[47:21] | – Why not? They seem friendly enough. – Don’t you believe it. | – 为什么不呢 他们这么的友好 – 你还不相信吗? |
[47:24] | There’ll be human sacrifices. | 这里将有人作出牺牲 |
[47:26] | White-collar workers tossed into computers… | 白领工人将东西投进计算机 |
[47:29] | ..and punched full of little square holes. | 打得全是小方孔 |
[47:31] | – How many drinks did you have? – Three! | – 你喝了几杯了?- 三杯 |
[47:33] | – I thought so. – Wait. I hear the sound of running water. | – 我想也是的 – 等一下 我听到了流水声 |
[47:37] | – I’ll be right back! – I’ll be right here. | – 我马上就回来 – 你呆在这里不要动 |
[47:41] | Hi! | 嗨 |
[47:43] | How’s the branch manager from Kansas City? | 来自堪萨斯的分部经理 你还好吗? |
[47:45] | – I beg your pardon? – I’m Miss Olsen. | – 请再说一遍 – 我是奥尔森小姐 |
[47:47] | Mr.Sheldrake’s secretary. | 舍尔爵克先生的秘书 |
[47:49] | So you don’t have to play innocent with me. | 所以 你不要再我面前装无辜 |
[47:52] | He used to tell his wife I was the branch manager from Seattle… | 他曾经告诉他妻子 我是来自西雅图的经理 |
[47:56] | ..four years ago when we were having a little ring-a-ding-ding. | 四年前 当我们在一起疯狂的玩乐 |
[48:01] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[48:03] | Before me it was Miss Rossi in Auditing. | 在我之前是审计部的罗斯小姐 |
[48:05] | And after me it was Miss Koch in Disability. | 在我之后是死亡险部门的科奇小姐 |
[48:08] | And right before you was a Miss, um… | 在你之前也是一个小姐 呃 |
[48:11] | Oh, what’s her name? On the 25th floor. | 哦 她叫什么名字 在25楼工作 |
[48:13] | – Would you excuse me? – What for? You haven’t done anything. | – 你应该说声对不起?- 为什么?你什么都没有做 |
[48:17] | It’s him. Oh, what a salesman! | 是他 哦 真是善于推销自己 |
[48:21] | Always the last booth in the Chinese restaurant… | 总是坐在那个中餐厅同样的位子 |
[48:23] | ..and the same pitch about divorcing his wife. | 同样的和他妻子离婚的借口 |
[48:28] | Then, in the end, you wind up with egg foo yung on your face. | 然后 最后自己灰头土脸 |
[48:33] | Miss Kubelik! | 库伯利克小姐 |
[48:37] | Well, thank you, Miss Olsen. | 哦 谢谢你 奥尔森小姐 |
[48:39] | Always happy to do a little something for our girls in uniform. | 非常乐意为我们的制服小姐稍尽绵薄之力 |
[48:44] | Are you all right? What’s the matter? | 你还好吗?出什么事情了吗? |
[48:47] | Nothing. There are just too many people here. | 没有 只是这里人太多了 |
[48:49] | Why don’t we step into my office? | 为什么不到我的办公室坐坐呢 |
[48:51] | There’s something I want your opinion about. | 有些事情 我想征求你的意见 |
[48:53] | I have my own office now. | 我现在已经拥有自己的办公室 |
[48:55] | I’m the second youngest executive in this company. | 我是公司第二个最年轻的经理 |
[48:58] | The only one younger is a grandson of the chairman of the board. | 另外一个年轻的是董事长的孙子 |
[49:03] | Do you mind? | 觉得怎么样? |
[49:10] | Miss Kubelik, I would like your honest opinion. | 库伯利克小姐 我想听听你的真实意见 |
[49:13] | I’ve had this under my desk for a week. | 我把它放在办公室桌子下面一星期了 |
[49:15] | It cost me $15. | 还花了我15美元 |
[49:17] | I haven’t been able to get up enough nerve to wear it. | 我还没有完全准备好去戴它 |
[49:26] | It’s what they call the Junior Executive model. | 这是他们说的高级经理的模样 |
[49:28] | What do you think? | 你认为怎么样? |
[49:34] | I guess I made a boo-boo, huh? | 我想我是不是犯了一个愚蠢的错误 呃? |
[49:37] | – I like it. – Really? | – 我觉得很好 – 真的吗? |
[49:39] | You wouldn’t be ashamed to be seen with somebody in this hat? | 你不要觉得戴这帽子很丢人 |
[49:43] | – Of course not. – Maybe if I wore it a little to one side. | – 当然不会 – 也许如果我往这边歪一点 |
[49:47] | – Is that better? – Much better. | – 那样是不是好些?- 好多了 |
[49:50] | Since you wouldn’t be ashamed to be seen with me,… | 既然你不怕被我看到你戴这帽子 |
[49:52] | how about goin’ out tonight… | 我们今天晚上出去如何 |
[49:54] | you, me and the bowler? | 你 我 还有这高帽子 |
[49:56] | We’ll stroll down 5th Avenue, sort of break it in. | 我们在第五大街逛逛 好好休息一下 |
[49:59] | This is a bad day for me. | 今天我心情不太好 |
[50:00] | I understand. Christmas and family. | 我明白 圣诞节不能和家人在一起 |
[50:03] | I’d better get back to my elevator or I’ll be fired. | 我要回去了 否则我会被炒掉的 |
[50:05] | Don’t worry about that. | 不要担心 |
[50:06] | I’ve got quite a bit of influence with Personnel. | 我想我在人事部还有一些影响力 |
[50:09] | You know Mr.Sheldrake? | 你认识舍尔爵克先生吗? |
[50:13] | – Why? – He and I are like that. | – 为什么这么说 – 他和我的关系就像这样 |
[50:15] | Sent me a Christmas card. See? | 他送给我一张圣诞卡片 看到没有? |
[50:23] | Makes a cute picture. | 很漂亮的卡片 |
[50:27] | I could talk to Mr.Sheldrake. Get you a promotion. | 我会和舍尔爵克先生说 让他提升你 |
[50:30] | Would you like to be an elevator starter? | 你想做一个电梯操作班长吗? |
[50:33] | Too many girls have seniority over me. | 太多女孩比我优秀 |
[50:36] | No problem. Why don’t we discuss it over the holidays? | 没有问题 为什么我们不讨论一下假期呢? |
[50:39] | I could call you, pick you up, have a big unveiling. | 我会给你打电话 邀请你出来 让大家都知道 |
[50:42] | Am I wearing this right? | 而且我戴这顶帽子 |
[50:44] | I think so. Here. | 我同意 这里 |
[50:46] | It’s not tilted too much? | 是不是翘得太厉害了 |
[50:48] | This is a conservative firm. | 这是一家很保守的公司 |
[50:49] | I don’t want people to think I’m an entertainer. | 我不想让人们误认为 我是一个哗众取宠的人 |
[50:57] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了? |
[51:02] | – The mirror. It’s broken. – Yes, I know. | – 你的镜子 好像破了 – 是的 我知道 |
[51:05] | I like it that way. Makes me look the way I feel. | 我喜欢这样 可以用我喜欢的方式照镜子 |
[51:13] | Your phone. | 你的电话 |
[51:20] | Yes? | 是吗? |
[51:23] | Uh, just a minute. | 哦 等一下 |
[51:25] | If you don’t mind, this is sort of personal. | 如果你不介意的话 |
[51:27] | Have a nice Christmas. | 这是一个私人电话 圣诞快乐 |
[51:36] | Yes, Mr.Sheldrake. | 舍尔爵克先生 |
[51:39] | No, I didn’t forget. | 不 我没有忘 |
[51:40] | The tree is up | 圣诞树我已经做好了 |
[51:41] | and the Tom and Jerry mix is in the refrigerator. | 汤姆和杰瑞的礼物我都放在冰箱了 |
[51:45] | Yes, sir. Same to you. | 是的 圣诞快乐 |
[52:14] | Hey! Where are you goin’, Buddy-boy? | 嘿 你准备去哪里啊 巴迪小伙 |
[52:17] | The party’s just starting. | 晚会才开始 |
[52:19] | Listen, kid. | 听着 小伙子 |
[52:20] | Gimme a break. How about tomorrow afternoon? | 给我安排一个时间 明天下午如何? |
[52:23] | I can’t take her to that drive-in again. | 我再也不能带她去车上做爱了 |
[52:24] | The car has no heater. Four o’clock. OK? | 汽车没有空调?四点如何 好吗? |
[53:04] | Hey, Charlie! Gimme a shot of bourbon, | 嗨 查理 给我一小杯波旁 |
[53:07] | and step on it! My sleigh is double-parked! | 快上来 我的雪橇是双人座 |
[54:18] | You buy me a drink, I’ll buy you some music. | 你给我买一杯酒 我给你放一些音乐 |
[54:21] | Rum Collins. | 罗姆 克林斯 |
[54:33] | Uh… | 呃 |
[54:34] | Rum Collins and… another one of these little mothers. | 罗姆 克林斯 这些年轻母亲之一 |
[54:50] | You like Castro? | 你喜欢卡斯特罗吗? |
[54:52] | I mean, how do you feel about Castro? | 我的意思是说 你对卡斯特罗的看法如何? |
[54:55] | – What is Castro? – You know. That big shot down in Cuba. | – 谁是卡斯特罗?- 你知道的 古巴的大人物 |
[54:59] | – With the crazy beard. – What about him? | – 留着一个大胡子 – 他怎么了 |
[55:01] | Cos as far as I’m concerned, he’s a no-good fink. | 据我所知 他是一个不折不扣的大流氓 |
[55:05] | Two weeks ago I wrote him a letter. Never even answered me. | 两个星期之前 我给他写信 他却没有给我回复 |
[55:08] | That so? | 那怎么样呢? |
[55:09] | All I wanted him to do was let Mickey out for Christmas. | 我让他做的就只是放米奇出来过圣诞节 |
[55:13] | – Who’s Mickey? – My husband. | – 谁是米奇?- 我丈夫 |
[55:16] | He’s in Havana, in jail. | 他现在在哈瓦那坐牢 |
[55:18] | Mixed up in that revolution? | 他参加了那次革命吗? |
[55:20] | Mickey would do nothin’ like that. | 米奇不会坐那样的事情的 |
[55:22] | He’s a jockey. They caught him dopin’ a horse. | 他是一个训马师 他们让他训马 |
[55:26] | Well, you can’t win ’em all. | 哦 那你不要对他们抱什么希望 |
[55:33] | ‘Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house | 今天是圣诞前夜 整栋房子 |
[55:37] | Not a creature was stirrin’… | 没有一点生气 |
[55:40] | Nothin’. No action. | 什么都没有 一点动静都没有 |
[55:44] | Dullsville. | 极度沉闷 无聊至极 |
[55:46] | – You married? – No. | 你结婚了吗?没有 |
[55:48] | – Family? – No. | 有家庭吗?没有 |
[55:51] | A night like this, | 这样的一个夜晚 |
[55:52] | it sort of spooks you to walk into an empty apartment. | 像你这样的幽灵走进一间空荡荡的公寓 |
[55:57] | I said I had no family. I didn’t say I had an empty apartment. | 我说我没有家庭 并不代表我的公寓就是空荡荡的 |
[56:06] | Come on, Fran. Don’t be that way. | 快点 弗兰 不要这样子了 |
[56:09] | Are you just gonna sit there and keep bawling? | 你还打算坐在这里不停地抱怨我吗? |
[56:12] | You won’t talk to me? | 为什么不和我说话呢? |
[56:13] | You won’t tell me what’s wrong? | 你总要告诉我哪里做错了吧 |
[56:17] | I know you think I’m stalling you but… | 我知道你认为我在推托你 |
[56:20] | when you’ve been married for 12 years,… | 假设当你结婚12年后 |
[56:22] | you just don’t sit down to breakfast and say | 你能硬下心肠说 |
[56:24] | “Pass the sugar. I want a divorce.” | “我已经厌倦了 咱们离婚吧 “ |
[56:27] | It’s not that easy. | 很多事情不是想象的那么容易 |
[56:31] | Anyway, this is the wrong time. | 总之 现在的时机还不成熟 |
[56:32] | The kids are off school, my in-laws are visiting. | 我儿子正在放假 岳父母也还在我家里住着 |
[56:36] | I can’t bring it up now. | 我不能现在和他们撕破脸皮 |
[56:40] | This isn’t like you, Fran. | 这不像你啊 弗兰 |
[56:41] | You were always such a good sport. | 你是个非常的开朗的女孩 |
[56:43] | Such fun to be with. | 和你在一起总是很开心的 |
[56:47] | That’s me. The happy idiot. A million laughs. | 对 我是一个快乐的傻瓜 总被人笑话 |
[56:53] | Well, that’s a little more like it. | 好了 这样才对嘛 |
[56:54] | At least you’re speaking to me. | 至少你能和我说话了 |
[56:58] | A funny thing happened to me at the office party today. | 今天在公司晚会 我碰到了一件有趣的事情 |
[57:01] | I ran into your secretary, Miss Olsen. | 我碰到了你的秘书 奥尔森小姐 |
[57:05] | You know. Ring-a-ding-ding? | 你知道的 一个曾经和你热恋的人 |
[57:08] | And I laughed so much, I like to died. | 我被她气死了 我不想活了 |
[57:11] | Is that what’s been bothering you, Fran? | 弗兰 是这件事情在困扰你吗? |
[57:12] | Miss Olsen? That’s ancient history. | 奥尔森小姐?都是陈年旧事了 |
[57:16] | Well, I never was very good at history. | 哎呀 我的记性向来都不是太好 |
[57:24] | No, she came before. | 不 她还在前面 |
[57:25] | Miss Koch came after Miss Olsen. | 奥尔森小姐后面是科其小姐 |
[57:27] | – Now, Fran… – And just think. | – 好了 弗兰 – 你现在想一想 |
[57:30] | Right now some lucky girl in the building | 这个房子里是不是还会有人 |
[57:32] | is gonna come after me. | 像我一样成为你的幸运女孩? |
[57:34] | OK. OK, Fran. | 不要说了 弗兰 |
[57:35] | I guess I deserved that. | 我想也许 是我罪有应得 |
[57:37] | But ask yourself: | 但是你问问你自己: |
[57:38] | why does a man run around with a lot of girls? | 为什么一个男人会追求这么多的女孩 这么花心? |
[57:41] | Because he’s unhappy at home. Because he’s lonely. | 因为他在家里不开心 因为他很孤独 |
[57:43] | That’s why. | 这才是真正的原因 |
[57:45] | But that was before you, Fran. I’ve stopped running. | 这些都在你之前 弗兰 我现在已经不再花心了 |
[57:50] | How could I be so stupid? | 我怎么会这么愚蠢呢 |
[57:51] | You’d think I would’ve learned by now. | 你肯定在想 我早就被你吃透了 |
[57:54] | When you’re in love with a married man, | 当你爱上一个已婚男人的时候 |
[57:55] | you shouldn’t wear mascara. | 就注定没有好结局 |
[57:59] | It’s Christmas Eve, Fran. Let’s not fight, huh? | 弗兰 今天是圣诞夜 我们不要吵架 好吗? |
[58:05] | – Merry Christmas. – What is it? | – 圣诞快乐 – 这是什么? |
[58:12] | Oh. Our friend at the Chinese restaurant. | 我们中餐厅朋友送的 |
[58:16] | – Thanks, Fran. We’d better keep it here. – Yeah, we’d better. | – 谢谢 弗兰 我们最好把它放在这里 – 是的 |
[58:22] | Oh, I have a present for you. | 对了 我也为你准备了一份礼物 |
[58:25] | I didn’t know what to get you. | 我不知道给你买什么东西好 |
[58:26] | Besides, it’s kind of awkward for me shopping, so… | 另外 我也很不喜欢去逛街买东西 因此 |
[58:29] | Here’s $100. You go and buy yourself something. | 我给你100美元 你自己喜欢什么就买什么吧 |
[58:38] | They have some nice alligator bags at Bergdorf’s. | 在伯格道夫专卖店 有一些很好的鳄鱼皮包 |
[58:53] | I didn’t realise it was so late. It’s quarter to seven. | 想不到现在这么晚了 都已经七点差十分了 |
[58:55] | I mustn’t miss my train. | 我现在必须去赶火车去了 |
[58:57] | If we hadn’t wasted all this time… | 如果我们不是浪费了这么多时间的话 |
[58:58] | I have to get home and trim the tree. | 我可能现在已经到家修剪圣诞树了 |
[59:02] | OK. I just thought, as long as it was paid for… | 那好 我就当作是我陪你的报酬 |
[59:06] | Don’t ever talk like that, Fran. | 弗兰 不要这样说话 |
[59:08] | Don’t make yourself out to be cheap. | 不要把自己说得这么不值钱 |
[59:09] | $100? I don’t call that cheap. | 100美元?我才不会找这么便宜的 |
[59:13] | And you must be paying somebody something for the use of the apartment. | 你是不是还给这间公寓的人付过钱了? |
[59:17] | Stop it, Fran. | 住嘴 弗兰 |
[59:20] | You’ll miss your train, Jeff. | 杰夫 你快赶不上火车了 |
[59:31] | Are you coming? | 你和我一起出去吗? |
[59:32] | No, you run along. I’m gonna fix my face. | 不 你先走 我还要补补妆 |
[59:35] | Don’t forget to kill the lights. See you Monday. | 不要忘记关灯 我们星期一见 |
[59:38] | Sure. Monday… and Thursday… | 好的 星期一 星期四 |
[59:42] | ..and Monday again, and Thursday again. | 然后又是星期一 星期四 |
[59:47] | It won’t always be like this, Fran. | 弗兰 这种情况不会很久的 |
[59:50] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[59:52] | Careful. Lipstick. | 小心一点 不要沾到口红了 |
[59:56] | Merry Christmas. | 圣诞快乐 |
[1:02:25] | – Drink up, pop. It’s closing time. – But it’s early, Charlie. | – 快喝完 要关门了 – 还早呢 查理 |
[1:02:29] | Don’t you know what night this is? | 难道你不知道今天是什么日子吗? |
[1:02:31] | I know, Charlie. I know. | 我知道 查理 |
[1:02:32] | I work for the outfit. | 我为一个团体工作 |
[1:02:40] | Hey, knock it off, will ya? Go home. | 嗨 快停下来 听到没有?快回家 |
[1:02:51] | O-U-T. Out! | 出去 出去 |
[1:02:58] | Where’ll we go? My place or yours? | 我们去哪里?我的地方还是你的? |
[1:03:03] | Might as well go to mine. Everybody else does. | 最好到我那里去 他们每个人都这样干 |
[1:03:19] | Poor Mickey. | 可怜的宝贝 |
[1:03:20] | When I think of him all by himself in that jail in Havana… | 我还在想那个在哈瓦那坐牢的可怜虫 |
[1:03:24] | Would you like to see his picture? | 你想看看他的照片吗? |
[1:03:26] | Not particularly. | 不是很想看 |
[1:03:30] | He’s so cute. He’s 5 foot 2, 99 pounds. | 他很聪明 身高5英尺2英寸 99磅 |
[1:03:35] | Like a little Chihuahua. | 就像一个吉娃娃那样可爱 |
[1:03:50] | – Can I ask you a personal question? – No. | – 我能问你一个私人的问题吗?- 没问题 |
[1:03:53] | You got a girlfriend? | 你有女朋友吗? |
[1:03:55] | She may be a girl but she is no friend of mine. | 她可能是一个姑娘 但她不是我的女朋友 |
[1:03:58] | Still stuck on her, huh? | 你还想她 不是吗? |
[1:04:00] | Still stuck on her? Obviously you don’t know me very well. | 想她?很明显 你不太了解我 |
[1:04:02] | – I don’t know you at all. – Permit me. | – 我根本不了解你 -让我自我介绍一下 |
[1:04:06] | CC Baxter. Junior executive, Arthur Murray graduate… Iover. | CC 巴克斯特 高级经理 亚瑟 墨里大学毕业 还不错吧 |
[1:04:12] | I’m Mrs MacDougall. Margie to you. | 我叫麦戈道格拉斯 马吉夫人 |
[1:04:17] | This way, Mrs MacDougall. | 这边走 麦戈道格拉斯夫人 |
[1:04:29] | Say! This is snugsville! | 哦 这是一间单身公寓 |
[1:04:32] | Mrs MacDougall, it’s only fair to warn you… | 麦戈道格拉斯夫人 我警告你 不要乱说话 |
[1:04:35] | you are now alone with a notorious sexpot. | 你现在是和我这样一个如饥似渴的性感尤物一起 |
[1:04:39] | – No kiddin’! – Ask anybody around here. | – 别逗了 – 问问这附近的人 |
[1:04:41] | As a matter of fact, when it’s time for me to go and I may go just like that – | 事实上 平常这个时候 我都要离开这里的 |
[1:04:46] | I have promised my body to the Columbia Medical Center. | 我已经承诺在死后把身体捐给哥伦比亚医学研究中心 |
[1:04:49] | Gee! Sort of gives you goose bumps just to think about it. | 切 你这种大笨鹅才会这样想 |
[1:04:52] | They haven’t got me yet, baby. | 宝贝 他们现在还没有拿走我的身体 |
[1:04:54] | Dig up some ice from the kitchen. | 从厨房拿些冰出来 |
[1:04:55] | Let’s not waste any more time preliminarywise. | 春宵一刻值千金 快点来啊 |
[1:04:58] | I’m with you, lover. | 我就来 亲爱的 |
[1:06:17] | All right, Miss Kubelik. Get up. | 好了 库伯力克小姐 快起来 |
[1:06:20] | Come on. It’s past checking-out time. | 快点 时间已经过了 |
[1:06:23] | The management would appreciate it | 如果你现在从这里出去 |
[1:06:24] | if you’d get the hell outta here. | 我会对你感激不尽的 |
[1:06:30] | I used to like you. I used to like you a lot. | 我是曾经喜欢你 非常的喜欢你 |
[1:06:32] | Well, it’s all over between us, so beat it. | 可是 我们之间已经没有什么了 快走开 |
[1:06:36] | O-U-T, out! | 出去 出 去 |
[1:06:39] | Come on, wake up. | 快点 快醒醒 |
[1:06:48] | Oh my God. | 哦 天啊 |
[1:06:50] | Miss Kubelik? | 库伯力克小姐? |
[1:06:52] | Miss Kubelik? | 库伯力克小姐? |
[1:07:04] | I broke a nail tryin’ to get the tray out. | 为了把这个破托盘拿出来 我的指甲弄断了 |
[1:07:07] | You oughta buy yourself a new refrigerator. | 你应该买一个新冰箱了 |
[1:07:13] | I didn’t mean right now! | 我不是指现在 |
[1:07:18] | Dr Dreyfuss. | 爵发斯医生 |
[1:07:20] | Doc! | 医生 |
[1:07:23] | There’s a girl in my place, took some sleeping pills. | 我这里有位姑娘吃了很多安眠药 |
[1:07:26] | I can’t wake her up. | 我叫不醒她 |
[1:07:28] | – Let me get my bag. – Hurry up! | – 等我拿一下医药包 – 快一点 |
[1:07:32] | Hey, over here, lover. | 嘿 在这里 亲爱的 |
[1:07:33] | What’s all the running around about? | 你跑来跑去干什么? |
[1:07:35] | You’re gonna wear yourself out. | 你现在自己穿衣服出去 |
[1:07:39] | – Not so rough, honey! – Good night. | – 不要这么粗鲁 亲爱的 – 晚安 |
[1:07:41] | – Good night?! – The party’s over. | – 晚安?- 聚会结束了 |
[1:07:44] | What? Did I do somethin’ wrong? | 什么?难道我做错了什么吗? |
[1:07:46] | It’s an emergency. I’ll see you some other time. | 是一个意外 我们再约时间吧 |
[1:07:49] | Not this one. In there, Doc. | 不是这一个 在那里 医生 |
[1:07:52] | What’s goin’ on here, anyway? | 这里到底发生什么了? |
[1:07:54] | Will you please just get out?! | 你能现在给我出去吗? |
[1:07:56] | My shoes! | 让我穿鞋 |
[1:07:58] | Some lover you are! Some sexpot! | 你是这么的可人 性感 |
[1:08:01] | Here. Find a phone. | 快去找一个电话亭 |
[1:08:03] | Call your husband in Havana. | 给你哈瓦那的老公打个电话 |
[1:08:04] | You bet I will! And when I tell him how you treated me, | 你说对了 我会告诉他你怎么对待我的 |
[1:08:08] | he’ll push your face in! | 会把你揍成猪头一样 |
[1:08:10] | You fink! | 人渣 |
[1:08:27] | Is she gonna be all right, Doc? | 她没事吧 医生? |
[1:08:29] | How many pills were in that bottle? | 那瓶里还有多少安眠药 |
[1:08:31] | It was half-full. About a dozen. | 大概半瓶吧 12粒左右 |
[1:08:34] | – Do you have to take her to the hospital? – Help me, will you? | – 你不需要把她送到医院吧?- 帮帮我 好吗? |
[1:08:37] | – Into the bathroom. – What are you gonna do? | – 快把她扶到洗手间 – 你有什么打算? |
[1:08:39] | Get that stuff out of her stomach if it isn’t too late. | 让她把安眠药吐出来 希望不要太迟 |
[1:08:42] | You’d better put some coffee on, | 你要干的事情就是冲好一些咖啡 |
[1:08:44] | and pray. | 然后待在一边祈祷 |
[1:09:40] | Bring my bag. | 拿着我的包 |
[1:09:52] | Roll up her right sleeve. | 把她右边的袖子卷起来 |
[1:10:04] | Hold that. | 拿着 |
[1:10:13] | Nice veins. | 好美丽的血管 |
[1:10:27] | Wanna tell me what happened? | 能告诉我发生什么事情了吗? |
[1:10:30] | I don’t know. I mean, I wasn’t even here. | 我不知道 我的意思是 开始我根本不在这里 |
[1:10:35] | You see, we had… some words earlier. | 你知道的 前段时间我们不是讨论过这事嘛 |
[1:10:39] | It was nothin’ serious. | 没有什么严重的 |
[1:10:41] | You might call it a lovers’ quarrel. | 事实上 就是我们情人间的吵架 |
[1:10:44] | So you went right out and picked yourself up another dame. | 于是你就跑出去 很快就认识了另外一位夫人 |
[1:10:47] | Something like that. | 就是那样 |
[1:10:49] | You know, Baxter, you’re a real cutie pie. | 你知道 巴克斯特 你还是很讨人喜欢的 |
[1:10:52] | Yes, you are. | 对 确实如此 |
[1:11:02] | If you’d come home half an hour later, | 如果你晚回来半个小时的话 |
[1:11:03] | you’d have had quite a Christmas present. | 你可能已经收到一份特别的圣诞节礼物 |
[1:11:26] | Get the coffee. | 把咖啡拿过来 |
[1:11:52] | Let’s get some air in here. Open the windows. | 把窗户打开透透气 |
[1:12:10] | What’s her name? | 她叫什么名字? |
[1:12:12] | Miss Kubelik. Fran. | 库伯利克 弗兰小姐 |
[1:12:18] | Fran, I’m a doctor. | 弗兰 我是一个医生 |
[1:12:20] | I’m here because you took too many sleeping pills. | 我在这里 是因为你吃了过量安眠药 |
[1:12:23] | Do you understand what I’m saying? | 你明白我说什么吗? |
[1:12:27] | Fran, I’m Dr Dreyfuss. I’m here to help you. | 弗兰 我是爵福斯医生 我是来帮你的 |
[1:12:31] | You took all those sleeping pills. Remember? | 你吃了那所有的安眠药?还记得吗? |
[1:12:35] | – Sleeping pills. – That’s right, Fran. And I’m a doctor. | – 安眠药 – 对 弗兰 我是个医生 |
[1:12:39] | – Doctor? – Dr Dreyfuss. | – 医生?- 爵福斯医生 |
[1:12:45] | Dreyfuss. | 爵福斯 |
[1:12:47] | Get more coffee. | 再多拿点咖啡过来 |
[1:12:49] | Now tell me again. What’s my name? | 现在你再告诉我 我叫什么名字? |
[1:12:55] | Dr… Dreyfuss. | 爵福斯医生 |
[1:12:58] | And what happened to you? | 你刚才干了什么? |
[1:13:00] | I… | 我 |
[1:13:02] | I took sleeping pills. | 我吃了安眠药 |
[1:13:05] | Do you know where you are? | 你知道你现在在哪里吗? |
[1:13:09] | – No. – Yes, you do, Fran. Now concentrate! | – 不知道 – 好 做得很好 弗兰 现在要集中精神 |
[1:13:14] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:13:17] | Do you know who that is? | 你知道他是谁吗? |
[1:13:26] | Look at him. | 看着他 |
[1:13:29] | Mr.Baxter. 19th floor. | 19楼的巴克斯特先生 |
[1:13:33] | Hello, Miss Kubelik. | 你好 库伯力克小姐 |
[1:13:35] | Mr? Miss? Such politeness! | 先生?小姐?你们怎么这么客气啊? |
[1:13:39] | We work in the same building. We try to keep it quiet. | 我们在同一栋大厦工作 我们不想惊动别人 |
[1:13:45] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里干什么? |
[1:13:49] | Don’t you remember we were together at the office party? | 你还记得我们一起在公司晚会的事吗? |
[1:13:53] | Oh, yes. The office party. | 哦 是的 公司晚会 |
[1:13:56] | – Miss Olsen. – That’s right. | – 还有奥尔森小姐 – 对 |
[1:13:58] | I told you we had a fight. That was what it was about. | 我告诉你我们吵了一架 这就是整件事情的缘由 |
[1:14:01] | Miss Olsen. That girl that was here earlier. | 奥尔森小姐 开始的时候也在这里 |
[1:14:06] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[1:14:09] | The main thing is I got here in time and you’re gonna be all right. | 整件事情就是我及时赶回来 你也没事了 |
[1:14:13] | Isn’t she, Doc? | 你说呢 医生 |
[1:14:15] | I’m so tired. | 我很累 |
[1:14:18] | Come on. Drink this. | 快点 把这些喝下去 |
[1:14:20] | Please… just let me sleep. | 求求你了 让我睡觉吧 |
[1:14:23] | No, you can’t sleep! | 不行 你现在不能睡觉 |
[1:14:24] | Fran, open your eyes! | 听着 弗兰 睁开眼睛 |
[1:14:27] | Let’s get her walking. | 让我们来扶着她走路 |
[1:14:32] | We’ve got to keep her awake for the next few hours. | 在接下来的几个小时 我们必须让她保持清醒 |
[1:14:34] | Now come on, Fran, walk! | 快点 弗兰 走路 |
[1:14:37] | One, two, three, four! | 一 二 三 四 |
[1:14:40] | One, two, three, four! | 一 二 三 四 |
[1:14:42] | Left, right, left, right,… | 左 右 左 右 |
[1:14:44] | ..left, right and return! | 左 右 再来 |
[1:14:47] | And… one, two, three, four! | 一 二 三 四 |
[1:14:50] | Now you’ve got it! One, two, three, four! | 就这样 继续 一 二 三 四 |
[1:14:54] | Walk, Fran! One, two, three, four! | 走路 弗兰 一 二 三 四 |
[1:14:57] | One, two… And return again. | 左 右 再来 |
[1:15:00] | And… left, right, left, right. | 左 右 左 右 |
[1:15:10] | She’ll sleep on and off for the next 24 hours. | 在接下来的24小时内 她会时醒时睡 |
[1:15:14] | Of course, she’ll have a dandy hangover when she wakes up. | 好的 等她醒了 她还需要好好的睡上一觉才行 |
[1:15:17] | Just as long as she’s OK. | 直到她完全好了为止 |
[1:15:20] | These cases are harder on the doctor than the patient. | 这些活对于医生来说比病人更辛苦 |
[1:15:23] | I oughta charge by the mile. | 我应该按照公里收费 |
[1:15:25] | – Any of that coffee left? – Yeah, sure. | – 还有咖啡剩吗?- 是的 当然有 |
[1:15:29] | How do you spell her last name? | 她的名字怎么拼? |
[1:15:32] | Kubelik. Two k’s. | 库伯力克 两个K |
[1:15:35] | What’s her address? | 她的地址是什么? |
[1:15:37] | Where does she live? | 她住在哪里? |
[1:15:40] | Why do you wanna know, Doc? | 医生 你知道这些有什么用? |
[1:15:44] | – You don’t have to report this, do you? – It’s regulations. | – 你不用报告这些东西吧 不是吗?- 这是惯例 |
[1:15:47] | But it was an accident. | 这是个意外 |
[1:15:50] | She had too much to drink, didn’t know what she was doing. | 她喝太多了 都不知道自己在干什么 |
[1:15:52] | There was no suicide note or anything. | 不要给她留下什么自杀 或者其他的记录 |
[1:15:55] | – I’m not thinkin’ about myself. – Aren’t you? | – 我要为她着想 – 你也是吧 |
[1:15:58] | She’s got a family, and there’s the people at the office. | 她还有家人 办公室的同事 |
[1:16:02] | Can’t you forget you’re a doctor, | 你能不能忘记你是一个医生 |
[1:16:03] | just say you’re here as a neighbour? | 只是把自己当作我的邻居 |
[1:16:06] | Well, as a doctor, I can’t prove it wasn’t an accident. | 好吧 作为一个医生 我不能说这是一个意外 |
[1:16:09] | But as your neighbour, I’d like to kick you around the block. | 但是作为你的邻居 我很想揍你一顿 |
[1:16:12] | – Mind if I cool this off? – Help yourself. | – 我把这个冷冻一下 你介意吗?- 自便 |
[1:16:15] | I don’t know what you did to that girl,… | 我不知道你对这个女孩作了什么 |
[1:16:17] | but it was bound to happen, | 但是现在事情都已经发生了 |
[1:16:18] | the way you carry on. | 不管你是采取什么方式 |
[1:16:20] | Live now, pay later. Diners Club! | 不管什么结果 都是需要你自己承担的 |
[1:16:24] | Why don’t you grow up, Baxter? | 巴克斯特 你为什么这么不成熟呢? |
[1:16:26] | Be a mensch. | 你要成为一个高尚的人 |
[1:16:27] | – You know what that means? – I’m not sure. | – 你知道我什么意思吗?- 不是很明确 |
[1:16:30] | A mensch/ A human being! | 一个高尚的人 一个受人尊敬的人 |
[1:16:33] | So you got off easy this time. So you were lucky. | 这次你幸运逃脱了 这是你的运气 |
[1:16:36] | But you’re not out of the woods yet, | 但是你不可能总是这么走运的 |
[1:16:37] | because most of ’em try it again. | 因为江山易改 本性难移 你还是会这样干 |
[1:16:42] | Well, you know where I am if you need me. | 好了 如果你需要我 你应该知道在哪里找我 |
[1:17:56] | Mr.Baxter! Open up already. | 巴克斯特先生 这么早就出去 |
[1:18:02] | Oh. | 哦 |
[1:18:05] | – Mrs Lieberman. – Who did you think it was? Kriss Kringle? | – 李伯曼夫人 – 你以为是谁?克瑞斯 克瑞格? |
[1:18:08] | What was going on here last night? | 昨天晚上 这里怎么了? |
[1:18:10] | – Last night? – All that marching! Tramp, tramp, tramp! | – 昨晚?- 好像在行军一样 咚咚咚的 |
[1:18:14] | Army manoeuvres maybe? | 可能是军队演习吧? |
[1:18:16] | I’ll never invite those people again. | 我再也不会邀请那些家伙了 |
[1:18:18] | What you get from renting to bachelors. | 租房给单身汉的好处 |
[1:18:20] | All night I didn’t sleep ten minutes. | 就是整晚上睡不了安稳觉 |
[1:18:22] | And I’m sure you woke up Dr Dreyfuss. | 我肯定你把爵福斯医生喊起来了 |
[1:18:23] | Don’t worry. He was out on a case. | 不要担心 他现在出去看病去了 |
[1:18:28] | I’m warning you, Mr.Baxter. | 巴克斯特先生 我警告你 |
[1:18:30] | This is a respectable house, not a honky-tonky. | 这是高级公寓 不是下等旅社 |
[1:18:33] | Come on, Oscar. | 快点 奥斯卡 |
[1:19:02] | Operator, I want White Plains, New York. Mr.JD Sheldrake. | 总机 请帮我接通白色庄园舍尔爵克先生的电话 |
[1:19:07] | Make that person-to-person. | 记住这是一个私人电话 |
[1:19:13] | 220 Five, four, three, two, one… | 五 四 三 二 一 |
[1:19:17] | Let her rip! | 让她全速前进 |
[1:19:19] | I’ll get the phone. | 我来接电话 |
[1:19:21] | Hey, Dad, why don’t we put a fly in the nose cone? | 爸爸 为什么我们不在火箭这里放一只苍蝇呢 |
[1:19:24] | – See if we can bring it back alive. – That’s a thought. | – 如果我们能把它活着带回来的话 – 好主意 |
[1:19:27] | Maybe we should put in two flies | 也许我们能够放两只苍蝇 |
[1:19:29] | and see if they’ll propagate in orbit. | 看他们能不能在太空中繁殖 |
[1:19:31] | See if they’ll what? | 看她们能干什么? |
[1:19:32] | Propagate. You know. Multiply. | 繁殖啊 你知道 就是生小苍蝇 |
[1:19:36] | – Baby flies? – Oh. Oh! | – 小苍蝇 – 呵呵 |
[1:19:40] | – It’s for you, Dad. – Thanks, Jeff. | – 你的电话 爸爸 – 谢谢 杰夫 |
[1:19:43] | A Mr.Baxter. Person-to-person. | 一个叫巴克斯特的先生 说是私人电话 |
[1:19:46] | Come on. Help me round up some flies. | 快点 帮我放一些苍蝇 |
[1:19:49] | Hello? What’s on your mind, Baxter? | 你好?巴克斯特先生 你脑子怎么了? |
[1:19:52] | Something came up that’s important. | 发生了一些很重要的事情 |
[1:19:55] | I think you should see me at the apartment as soon as possible. | 我想你最好尽快赶到我的公寓和我见面 |
[1:19:58] | – What’s this all about? – I didn’t wanna tell you over the phone. | – 究竟是怎么回事?- 我不想在电话上谈这件事情 |
[1:20:02] | But that certain party… You know who I mean. | 在晚会后 你知道我的意思 |
[1:20:05] | I found her here last night. | 我昨天晚上在我的公寓发现她了 |
[1:20:07] | – She took an overdose of sleeping pills. – What?! | – 她服用了大量的安眠药 – 什么? |
[1:20:12] | What is it, Jeff? Who’s on the phone? | 杰夫 是谁啊 你和谁讲电话呢 |
[1:20:14] | One of our employees had an accident. | 我们的一个员工出了意外 |
[1:20:16] | I don’t know why they bother me with these things on Christmas Day. | 我不知道为什么他们总是在圣诞节用这些事情来烦我 |
[1:20:20] | Yes, Baxter. | 是的 巴克斯特先生 |
[1:20:22] | Just how serious is it? | 情况有多严重 |
[1:20:24] | It was touch and go there for a while, | 还好 危险期已经过了 |
[1:20:26] | but she’s sleeping it off now. | 但是她现在还在沉睡 |
[1:20:28] | I thought maybe you’d like to be here when she wakes up. | 我想 当她醒来的时候 你最好能在这里 |
[1:20:32] | That’s impossible. | 那不可能 |
[1:20:33] | You’ll have to handle the situation yourself, Baxter. | 巴克斯特 你要帮我搞定这件事情 |
[1:20:37] | As a matter of fact, I’m counting on you. | 事实上 我非常相信你的能力 |
[1:20:38] | Yes, sir. I understand. | 知道 先生 我明白 |
[1:20:41] | She left a letter. | 她留下一封信 |
[1:20:42] | Would you like me to open it and read it to you? | 你需要我现在打开给你读吗? |
[1:20:46] | Well, it was just a suggestion. | 当然 这只是一个建议 |
[1:20:48] | No, don’t worry. I kept your name out of it, so there’ll be no trouble,… | 你不用担心 我已经把你的名字擦掉了 |
[1:20:52] | policewise or newspaperwise. | 警察局或者媒体方面会有什么麻烦 |
[1:20:56] | You see, the doctor is a friend of mine, | 你知道 这个医生是我的朋友 |
[1:20:58] | so we were very lucky in that respect. | 这方面你也不用太过担心 |
[1:21:01] | Actually, he thinks she’s my girl. | 事实上 他以为她是我的女朋友 |
[1:21:04] | No, he just jumped to the conclusion. | 这只是他的错误判断 |
[1:21:06] | Around here I’m known as quite a ladies’ man. | 在这附近 我被他们认为是个花花公子 |
[1:21:09] | Of course, we’re not out of the woods yet. | 当然 我们现在还没有完全脱离危险 |
[1:21:11] | Sometimes they try it again. | 有时候 他们还会找麻烦的 |
[1:21:14] | Yes, sir. I’ll do my best. | 我明白 我会尽量摆平这一切 |
[1:21:15] | It’ll take her a couple of days to fully recover… | 估计她可能还要好几天才能完全康复 |
[1:21:18] | ..and I may have a little problem with the landlady. | 而且房东太太那里还会有一些麻烦 |
[1:21:22] | OK, Mr.Sheldrake. | 好了 舍尔爵克先生 |
[1:21:23] | I’ll keep her in the apartment as long as I can. | 我会尽可能把她留在公寓里 |
[1:21:25] | Isn’t there some sort of message you want me to give her? | 你需要我给你传些什么口信吗? |
[1:21:29] | Well, I’ll… think of something. | 哦 让我想想 |
[1:21:32] | Yes, sir. Goodbye, Mr.Sheldrake. | 好吧 再见 舍尔爵克先生 |
[1:21:37] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:21:40] | I’m sorry, Mr.Baxter. | 非常抱歉 巴克斯特先生 |
[1:21:41] | What are you doing out of bed? | 你怎么能下床乱走呢? |
[1:21:44] | I didn’t know. I had no idea this was your apartment. | 我怎么会知道 这是你的公寓 |
[1:21:47] | Here. Let me help you. | 来 我来帮你 |
[1:21:50] | Oh, I’m so ashamed. | 我没脸活下去了 |
[1:21:52] | Why didn’t you just let me die? | 你为什么不让我死呢? |
[1:21:55] | What kind of talk is that? | 这是什么话? |
[1:21:56] | You got a little overemotional, but you’re fine now. | 你只是情绪有些失控 但是现在一切都过去了 |
[1:22:00] | Oh! | 哦 |
[1:22:02] | Oh, my head! It feels just like a big wad of chewing gum. | 我的头好痛 好像要裂了一样 |
[1:22:06] | – What time is it? – Two o’clock. | – 现在几点了 – 2点 |
[1:22:09] | Oh, my dress. I have to go home. | 我的衣服到哪里去了 我现在要回家 |
[1:22:12] | You’re in no shape to go anywhere | 你现在不适合到任何地方去 |
[1:22:13] | but back to bed. | 只能马上回到床上去 |
[1:22:14] | – You don’t want me here. – Sure I do. I… | – 你不希望我在这里 – 怎么会呢 |
[1:22:17] | It’s always nice to have company for Christmas. | 圣诞节的时候 有人做伴真好 |
[1:22:20] | – I’m stronger than you are. – I just wanna brush my teeth. | – 我没事 – 我只想刷牙 |
[1:22:24] | Oh. Of course. | 哦 当然可以 |
[1:22:25] | I think I can find a new toothbrush somewhere. | 我想你可以在哪里找到一个新的牙刷 |
[1:22:27] | Here. Put that on. | 在这里 把衣服穿上 |
[1:22:59] | – How about some breakfast? – No. I don’t want anything. | – 想吃点早餐吗?- 不 我没有胃口 |
[1:23:03] | I’ll fix you some coffee. | 我来给你到一些咖啡吧 |
[1:23:05] | Oh! We’re all out of coffee. You had quite a lot last night. | 哦 竟然都喝光了你昨天晚上喝太多了 |
[1:23:09] | Back in a minute. | 我马上回来 |
[1:23:21] | Mrs Dreyfuss, could I borrow some coffee? | 爵福斯太太 你能借我一些咖啡吗 |
[1:23:23] | And an orange and a couple of eggs? | 加一个桔子和两个鸡蛋? |
[1:23:25] | Eggs, he asks me for! Oranges! | 鸡蛋 他为我要了这些东西 还有桔子 |
[1:23:27] | What you need is a good horsewhipping! | 你现在需要好好补补身体 |
[1:23:29] | From me the doctor has no secrets. | 我老公 就是你的医生从来都不对我隐瞒的 |
[1:23:32] | Poor girl. How could you do such a thing? | 可怜的姑娘 为什么要干这样的傻事呢 |
[1:23:34] | I didn’t do anything. Honest. It’s just… | 我什么也没干 实话说 这只是 |
[1:23:38] | You take a girl out just for laughs | 你和她在一起只是为了玩乐 |
[1:23:39] | and she thinks you’re serious marriagewise. | 而她却认为你值得托付终身 |
[1:23:44] | Big shot! For you, I wouldn’t lift a finger! | 大人物 对于你 我才懒的伺候你 |
[1:23:47] | But for her, I’ll fix a little something to eat. | 但对于她 我会准备一些东西喂她吃 |
[1:23:59] | Who are you calling? | 你在和谁打电话? |
[1:24:01] | My sister, to tell her what happened to me. | 我姐姐 告诉她我发生什么事了 |
[1:24:03] | Wait a minute! Let’s talk it over first. | 等一下 我们先来谈一谈 |
[1:24:07] | Just what are you gonna tell her? | 你打算告诉她什么? |
[1:24:09] | I haven’t figured it out exactly. | 我还没有太明确的打算 |
[1:24:11] | Well, you’d better figure it out exactly. | 好的 你最好想清楚一些 |
[1:24:13] | Suppose she asks you why you didn’t come home last night. | 假设她问你昨晚为什么不回家 你怎么回答? |
[1:24:16] | I’ll say I spent the night with a friend. | 我会说陪一个朋友 |
[1:24:18] | – Who? – Someone from the office. | – 谁?-公司的同事 |
[1:24:20] | – Where are you now? – In his apartment. | – 你现在在哪里?- 在他的公寓 |
[1:24:22] | – In his apartment? – In her apartment. | – 他的公寓 – 在她的公寓 |
[1:24:25] | – What’s your friend’s name? – Baxter. | – 你朋友叫什么名字?- 巴克斯特 |
[1:24:27] | – What’s her first name? – Miss. | – 她姓什么?- 不记得了 |
[1:24:30] | – When are you comin’ home? – As soon as I can walk. | – 你什么时候回家 – 直到我能走路为止 |
[1:24:33] | – Your legs hurt? – No, my stomach. | – 你的腿受伤了吗?-不是 是我的胃不舒服 |
[1:24:35] | – Your stomach? – They had to pump it out! | – 你的胃?- 他们一定会盘问到底的 |
[1:24:38] | You shouldn’t call anybody. | 你现在不能给任何人打电话 |
[1:24:41] | Not till you get the chewing gum out of your head. | 直到你完全清醒为止 |
[1:24:43] | They’ll be worried about me. They might call the police. | 他们会担心我的 可能会报警的 |
[1:24:47] | We have to be careful. We don’t wanna involve anybody. | 我们必须要非常小心 我们不想牵连任何人 |
[1:24:50] | After all, Mr.Sheldrake’s a married man. | 毕竟 舍尔爵克先生已经结婚了 |
[1:24:54] | Thanks for reminding me(!) | 谢谢提醒我 |
[1:25:00] | I didn’t mean it that way. | 我不是这个意思 |
[1:25:02] | I was just talking to him on the phone. | 我刚才和他通过电话 |
[1:25:04] | He’s very concerned about you. | 他非常关心你 |
[1:25:06] | He doesn’t give a damn about me. | 他没有骂我吗? |
[1:25:09] | – You’re wrong. He told me… – He’s a liar. | – 你错了 他告诉我 – 他这个大骗子 |
[1:25:13] | But that’s not the worst part. | 这根本不算是最坏的情形 |
[1:25:15] | The worst part is I still love him. | 最糟糕的是 我还爱他 |
[1:25:22] | Oh. That must be Mrs Dreyfuss. | 哦 肯定是爵福斯夫人过来了 |
[1:25:24] | Remember the doctor from last night? That’s his wife. | 记得昨天晚上来的医生吗?这是他的妻子 |
[1:25:29] | So where’s the victim? | 我们的受害人在哪里呢? |
[1:25:32] | Max the Knife! | 拿着刀 |
[1:25:37] | Nu, little lady, how are we feeling today? | 呃 小姐 今天感觉如何? |
[1:25:39] | I don’t know. Kind of dizzy. | 我不知道 只是有一些晕 |
[1:25:42] | The best thing for dizzy is noodle soup with chicken white meat | 治头晕最好的办法 就是鸡汤肉丝面 |
[1:25:46] | and a glass tea. | 再来一杯茶 |
[1:25:47] | No, thank you. I’m really not hungry. | 不用 谢谢 我真的不饿 |
[1:25:49] | Go ahead, eat. Enjoy. | 快吃点 对你身体很好的 |
[1:25:52] | You wouldn’t have such a thing as a napkin, would you? | 你不会把这东西当餐巾吧? |
[1:25:55] | – I have some paper towels. – Beatnik. | – 我有一些纸巾 – 不像话 真是垮掉的一代 |
[1:25:58] | In my kitchen, third drawer, under the good silver, are napkins. | 在我的厨房第三格 餐巾就放在银餐具下面 |
[1:26:02] | Yes, Mrs Dreyfuss. | 好的 爵福斯太太 |
[1:26:03] | So, what are you waiting for? A singing commercial? | 那你还等什么呢?看戏呢? |
[1:26:06] | – I can’t eat. – You must eat. | – 我吃不下 – 你必须吃一点 |
[1:26:08] | And you must get healthy and you must forget him. | 你必须好起来 忘记这个薄情寡义的家伙 |
[1:26:11] | Such a fine boy he seemed | 当他第一次搬进来的时候 |
[1:26:13] | when he first moved in here. | 我觉得他还是一个好小伙子 |
[1:26:15] | Clean and cut, a regular lvy Leaguer. | 整洁干练 一个前途无量的大学生 |
[1:26:18] | Turns out he’s King Farouk, with the drinking, with the cha-cha. | 结果他却是一个喜欢喝酒 跳恰恰舞的花花公子 |
[1:26:22] | With the no napkins. | 还没有餐巾 |
[1:26:25] | A girl like you, for the rest of your life you wanna cry in your noodle soup? | 像你这样一个女孩 愿意让你的后半生充满悲伤吗? |
[1:26:29] | Who needs it? Now you listen to me. | 谁会需要呢?你现在听我说 |
[1:26:32] | You’ll find yourself a nice, substantial man-a widower, maybe… | 你肯定会找到一个很有潜力的好男人 |
[1:26:36] | and settle down, instead of noshing all those sleeping pills. | 建立一个幸福美满的家庭 而不是吃安眠药 |
[1:26:40] | For what? For whom? For some good-time Charlie? | 为什么?为谁呢?为一些喜欢社交与享乐的人? |
[1:26:43] | Shh. | 嘘 |
[1:26:45] | One napkin comin’ up. | 餐巾拿到了 |
[1:26:46] | Wish we had some champagne to wrap it around. | 我们喝些香槟如何 |
[1:26:49] | What did I tell you? | 我告诉你什么了? |
[1:26:50] | Mrs Dreyfuss, you don’t have to wait. | 爵福斯太太 你不需要在这里等 |
[1:26:52] | I’ll wash the dishes. | 我要回去洗碗去了 |
[1:26:53] | You’d break ’em. I’ll come back for them. | 你现在休息一下 这些东西等我回来拿 |
[1:26:56] | If he makes trouble, give me a yell. | 如果他欺负你 就叫我一声 |
[1:27:00] | – She doesn’t seem to like you very much. – Oh, I don’t mind. | – 她好像不太喜欢你啊 – 没关系 我不在乎 |
[1:27:04] | As a matter of fact, I’m sort of flattered. | 实际上 我反而觉得受宠若惊 |
[1:27:07] | That anybody’d think a girl like you | 他们都觉得像你这样的女孩 |
[1:27:09] | would do a thing like this over a guy like me. | 怎么会为了我这样的人做这种傻事 |
[1:27:13] | Did you find something here? An envelope? | 你看到这里的东西没有?一个信封? |
[1:27:17] | Yes. I’ve got it. | 是的 在我这里 |
[1:27:18] | Don’t you think we’d better destroy it | 你觉得是不是最好把它销毁 |
[1:27:20] | so it won’t fall in the wrong hands? | 这样就不会给别人抓到把柄 |
[1:27:23] | Open it. | 打开 |
[1:27:28] | There’s nothing here but a $100 bill. | 这里什么也没有 就只有100美元 |
[1:27:31] | That’s right. Will you see that Mr.Sheldrake gets it? | 是的 你是不是想让舍尔爵克拿到这东西 |
[1:27:36] | Sure. | 当然 |
[1:27:39] | Take this away, will you? | 把这拿开 好吗? |
[1:27:42] | Would you like me to move the television set in here? | 想不想看电视?要不我把它移过来 |
[1:27:45] | – You play gin rummy? – I’m not very good at it. | – 你会玩拉米纸牌吗?- 不太会 |
[1:27:48] | – I am. Let me get the cards. – You don’t have to entertain me. | – 我会 我们来玩牌吧 – 你不用陪我玩的 |
[1:27:52] | There’s nothing I’d like better. | 你知道的 在这里没有什么 |
[1:27:54] | You know. Togetherness. | 可以让我们两个人一起玩的东西 |
[1:27:56] | Guess what I did last Christmas. | 猜猜上一个圣诞节我干什么 |
[1:27:57] | Had dinner at the automat, went to the zoo,… | 吃自助晚餐 逛逛动物园 |
[1:28:01] | ..then came home and cleaned up after Mr.Eichelberger. | 然后回家 在艾其伯格走了以后打扫卫生 |
[1:28:04] | He had a little eggnog party here. | 他在这里开了一个蛋酒晚会 |
[1:28:06] | So I’m way ahead this year. | 所以今年 我就一个人清清静静的过 |
[1:28:09] | Three across. Spades double? | 3 两个方块? |
[1:28:12] | High deals. | 好牌 |
[1:28:14] | 6?8 Six? Eight | |
[1:28:24] | I think I’m gonna give it all up. | 我想你要彻底放弃了 |
[1:28:28] | Give what up? | 放弃什么? |
[1:28:33] | Why do people have to love people, anyway? | 为什么人们必须相爱呢? |
[1:28:38] | I know what you mean. | 我知道你的意思 |
[1:28:43] | Queen. | 皇后 |
[1:28:48] | – I don’t want it. – Pick a card. | – 我也不想这样 – 快拿一张牌 |
[1:28:55] | What do you call it when somebody keeps gettin’ smashed up | 你认为一个人在出车祸的时候 |
[1:28:58] | in car accidents? | 还是糊里糊涂应该算什么? |
[1:29:00] | – Bad insurance risk? – That’s me with men. | – 恶意索赔的危险?- 这是我和男人的不同 |
[1:29:05] | I was jinxed from the word go. | 人家都说我是白虎星 |
[1:29:06] | First time I was ever kissed was in a cemetery. | 我的初吻是在一个墓地里发生的 |
[1:29:09] | A cemetery? | 墓地里? |
[1:29:12] | I was 15. We used to go there to smoke. | 那时我15岁 喜欢到那里躲着抽烟 |
[1:29:15] | His name was George and he threw me over for a drum majorette. | 他叫乔治 后来为了一个鼓手队长把我甩了 |
[1:29:20] | Uh, gin. | 呃 琴 |
[1:29:26] | 10 20…36 That’s 10, 20… 36. | |
[1:29:28] | And 25 makes 61 and two boxes. | 再加上25就是61 |
[1:29:31] | I have this talent for falling in love… | 我总是容易陷入情网 |
[1:29:33] | with the wrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time. | 但总是在错误的时间和地点 爱上不该爱的人 |
[1:29:37] | Well, how many guys were there? | 哦 那你总共爱上了几个人? |
[1:29:41] | Three. | 三个 |
[1:29:43] | The last one was the manager of a finance company | 最近的一个是公司的财务经理 |
[1:29:45] | back home in Pittsburgh. | 后来被遣送回匹茨伯格的老家 |
[1:29:47] | They found a shortage in his accounts. | 他们发现他的账目有巨大的差异 |
[1:29:49] | He asked me to wait for him. He’ll be out in 1965. | 他让我等他 他是1965年走的 |
[1:29:54] | Cut. | 切牌 |
[1:29:57] | So I came to New York | 于是 我返回纽约 |
[1:29:58] | and moved in with my sister and her husband, a cab driver. | 并和我的姐姐 以及出租车司机姐夫住在一起 |
[1:30:02] | They sent me to secretarial school | 他们送我读了一个秘书学校 |
[1:30:04] | and then I applied for a job at Consolidated. | 然后我在联合生活保险申请了一份工作 |
[1:30:07] | But I flunked the typing test. | 但是我在打字考试中不及格 |
[1:30:10] | – Too slow? – No. I can type up a storm. | – 太慢了?- 不是 我打得飞快 |
[1:30:12] | I just can’t spell. | 我不会写字 |
[1:30:16] | So they gave me a pair of white gloves | 于是他们给我一双白手套 |
[1:30:19] | and stuck me in an elevator. | 把我安置在电梯里 |
[1:30:21] | And that’s how I met Jeff. | 于是我碰到了杰夫 |
[1:30:25] | Oh God, I’m so fouled up. | 天啊 于是我被他缠上了 |
[1:30:27] | What am I gonna do now? | 现在我能做什么呢? |
[1:30:32] | Better win a hand. You’re on a blitz. | 我又赢了你一手牌 你进展太快了 |
[1:30:36] | Was he very upset when you told him? | 当你告诉他的时候 他是不是非常的难过? |
[1:30:39] | Mr.Sheldrake? Yeah, very. | 舍尔爵克先生?是的 心烦意乱 |
[1:30:42] | Maybe he does love me, | 也许他确实爱我 |
[1:30:43] | only he doesn’t have the nerve to tell his wife. | 只是没有告诉他夫人的勇气 |
[1:30:46] | I’m sure that’s it. | 我想也是的 |
[1:30:48] | – You really think so? – No doubt about it. | – 你真的这么想?- 毫无疑问 |
[1:30:52] | Would you hand me that pad and pencil? | 你能递给我那本便笺和铅笔吗? |
[1:30:55] | – What for? – I’m gonna write to Mrs Sheldrake. | – 干什么用?- 我想给舍尔爵克太太写信 |
[1:30:58] | – You what? – As one woman to another. | – 写什么内容?- 一个女人给另外一个女人写信 |
[1:31:00] | I’m sure she’ll understand. | 我想她应该能理解我 |
[1:31:02] | I don’t think that’s a very good idea. | 我不认为这是个好主意 |
[1:31:04] | – Why not? – For one thing, you can’t spell. | – 为什么呢?- 首先 你不会写字 |
[1:31:08] | Secondly, if you did something like that, | 其次 如果你做了这样的事情 |
[1:31:10] | you’d hate yourself. | 你会恨你自己的 |
[1:31:13] | I don’t like myself very much anyway. | 我确实对我自己不满意 |
[1:31:18] | Pick up the cards. Let’s go. | 把牌收起来 我们走 |
[1:31:20] | – Do I have to? – You bet. I got a terrific hand. | – 我也要去吗?- 你说对了 我手上的牌太好了 |
[1:31:30] | – You really wanna discard that? – Sure. | – 你要把牌全扔了吗?- 当然 |
[1:31:33] | Gin. | 琴 |
[1:31:39] | 10, 20, 40, 52 and 25… 77. | 10 20 40 52 再加上25就是77 |
[1:31:45] | Spades are double… 154. | 方片翻倍就是154 |
[1:31:54] | Blitzed. Two games. | 哈哈 我赢了两盘了 |
[1:33:26] | All right, all right, Mrs Dreyfuss. | 好的 好的 爵福斯太太 |
[1:33:37] | – Hi, Baxter. – What do you want? | – 嘿 巴克斯特 – 你要干什么? |
[1:33:39] | What do I want? Just a minute. | 没事 你们等一会 |
[1:33:41] | – You can’t come in! – What’s the matter with you? | – 你们不能进来 – 你怎么了? |
[1:33:44] | I made a reservation for four o’clock. | 我预订了四点钟的房间啊 |
[1:33:46] | You can’t stay. | 今天你不能呆在这里 |
[1:33:47] | Take your champagne and go. | 拿着你的香槟快离开这里 |
[1:33:49] | I don’t wanna pull rank on you, | 我不想拿我的职位来压你 |
[1:33:50] | but I told the little lady it was all set. | 但是我已经告诉那位女士一切都搞定了 |
[1:33:52] | Are you gonna leave, Mr.Kirkeby, | 科克比先生 你是自己离开 |
[1:33:53] | or do I have to throw you out? | 还是让我把你扔出去 |
[1:33:57] | Buddy-boy, why didn’t you say so? | 小伙子 不要这样说话嘛 |
[1:34:00] | Got yourself a little playmate, huh? | 你是不是也找了一个女伴? |
[1:34:01] | Now will you get out? | 现在你还不准备出去吗? |
[1:34:09] | Hey, come on! What are we waiting for? | 嘿 快点 我们还等什么呢? |
[1:34:11] | Open up, will you? | 开门 好不好? |
[1:34:12] | Mildred! | 米尔德里德 |
[1:34:16] | What’s holding things up? | 为什么要这样处理呢? |
[1:34:18] | Say, let’s have a party, the four of us. | 听着 我们四个人一起开个聚会 好吗? |
[1:34:21] | No! | 不行 |
[1:34:27] | Well, I don’t blame you. | 好了 我也不想责怪你 |
[1:34:29] | So you hit the jackpot, eh, kid? | 小伙子 这回你中头奖了? |
[1:34:31] | I mean Kubelikwise. | 我是说和你和库伯利克 |
[1:34:32] | Don’t worry. I won’t say a word to anybody. | 不要担心 我不会向其他人说的 |
[1:34:35] | Stay with it, Buddy-boy. | 待在这里 小伙子 |
[1:34:52] | Who was that? | 刚才是谁在敲门? |
[1:34:55] | Just somebody delivering a bottle of champagne. Like some? | 哦 有人来送香槟 |
[1:34:59] | Would you mind opening that window? | 你介意打开窗户吗? |
[1:35:05] | Now don’t get any ideas, Miss Kubelik. | 库伯利科小姐 不要有什么傻念头 |
[1:35:09] | I just want some fresh air. | 我不过想透透气而已 |
[1:35:10] | It’s only one storey down. | 这里只有一层楼高 |
[1:35:11] | The best you could do is break a leg. | 你充其量只会摔断一条腿 |
[1:35:14] | So they’ll shoot me, like a horse. | 他们会痛扁我一顿的 |
[1:35:17] | Please, you gotta promise me you won’t do anything foolish. | 你要答应我 你不会做任何傻事 |
[1:35:20] | – Who’d care? – I would. | – 谁会在乎我呢 – 我会 |
[1:35:29] | Why can’t I ever fall in love with somebody nice like you? | 为什么我没有爱上你这样的好人呢? |
[1:35:34] | Yeah. Well… | 好的 |
[1:35:36] | That’s the way it crumbles, cookiewise. | 这是崩溃的好办法 就像捏碎小甜饼一样 |
[1:35:41] | Go to sleep. | 睡一会吧 |
[1:36:17] | Good morning, Mr.Sheldrake. | 早上好 舍尔爵克先生 |
[1:36:19] | Miss Olsen, come into my office, please. | 奥尔森小姐 请到我的办公室来一下 |
[1:36:31] | Did you have a nice Christmas? | 圣诞节过的怎么样? |
[1:36:32] | Lovely. You were a great help! | 托您的福 很不错 |
[1:36:35] | Your pep talk to Miss Kubelik at the office party. | 你在公司晚会和库伯力克小姐说了什么? |
[1:36:38] | Sorry, Jeff. I never could hold my liquor. | 不好意思 杰夫 我想我可能喝多了 |
[1:36:41] | I thought you could hold your tongue. | 我想你应该管好你的嘴 |
[1:36:43] | It won’t happen again. | 我保证再也不会这样了 |
[1:36:44] | You bet it won’t. | 你确实再也不会了 |
[1:36:46] | I’ll arrange for you to get a month’s severance pay. | 我会安排给你发一个月工资 |
[1:36:49] | That’s right, Miss Olsen. I’m letting you go. | 好的 奥尔森小姐 我现在放你长假了 |
[1:36:53] | You let me go four years ago, Jeff. | 杰夫 你四年前就抛弃过我一次了 |
[1:36:55] | And were cruel enough to make me sit out there | 还那么残忍让我坐在外面 |
[1:36:57] | and watch the new models pass by. | 看着你的一个又一个新情人来来去去 |
[1:37:00] | I’d appreciate it if you’d be out of here as soon as you can. | 我希望你能够马上从我面前消失 |
[1:37:03] | Yes, Mr.Sheldrake. | 好的 舍尔爵克先生 |
[1:37:14] | Operator, this is Mr.Sheldrake. | 总机 我是舍尔爵克先生 |
[1:37:15] | I’d like Mr.Baxter’s home telephone number. | 请帮我查一下巴克斯特先生家的电话 |
[1:37:18] | He’s in Ordinary Premium Accounting. | 他在普通保险清算部 |
[1:37:37] | – Hello? – Hello. Jeff Sheldrake. | – 喂?- 喂 杰夫 舍尔爵克 |
[1:37:40] | Can you talk? | 你现在方便讲话吗? |
[1:37:42] | Yes. She’s in the shower. | 可以 她现在正在洗澡 |
[1:37:44] | – She’s coming along fine, considering. – Good. | – 现在她一切都还好 – 好的 |
[1:37:47] | Is there anything you need? Money? | 你需要什么?钱吗? |
[1:37:48] | No, thank you, Mr.Sheldrake. | 不用 谢谢 舍尔爵克先生 |
[1:37:50] | As a matter of fact, I have some money for you. $100. | 事实上 我这里还有你的100美元 |
[1:37:54] | Oh. | 噢 |
[1:37:55] | – If there’s anything I can do for you… – For me? I don’t think so. | – 还有什么需要我帮你的吗?- 帮我 我想不用了 |
[1:37:59] | But I was hoping maybe you could do something for her. | 但是 我真的希望你能为她做些事情 |
[1:38:02] | Like what? Put yourself in my place, Baxter. | 比如说呢?巴克斯特 你设身处地的为我想想 |
[1:38:06] | How can I help her? My hands are tied. | 我现在怎么能帮她呢?我现在很忙 |
[1:38:09] | Well… at least you can talk to her. | 这样啊 至少你应该和她通通电话 |
[1:38:13] | Let me put her on. And please, be gentle. | 你等我让她穿好衣服 请你对她温柔点 |
[1:38:17] | There’s a call for you! | 电话打给你的 |
[1:38:20] | – For me? – Yeah. Mr.Sheldrake. | – 给我?- 是 舍尔爵克先生 |
[1:38:24] | I don’t wanna talk to him. | 我不想和他说话 |
[1:38:26] | I think you should. | 我想你应该和他说说 |
[1:38:28] | I gotta run down to the grocery anyway. | 我要去下面的杂货店一趟 |
[1:38:30] | There’s nothing left here but frozen pizza. | 除了冰冻匹萨 我这里什么都没有了 |
[1:38:35] | I’ll be right back. OK? | 我很快就回来 好吗? |
[1:38:57] | Hello, Jeff. | 喂 杰夫 |
[1:39:01] | – Yes, I’m all right. – Why did you do it, Fran? | – 我一切都好 – 弗兰 为什么做这种傻事呢? |
[1:39:04] | It’s so childish, and it never solves anything. | 你太孩子气了 这解决不了任何问题的 |
[1:39:07] | I oughta be very angry with you, scaring me that way. | 你这个样子吓死我了 我都要气死了 |
[1:39:09] | But let’s forget the whole thing, pretend it never happened. | 让我们忘记这一切 就当没发生过 |
[1:39:11] | What do you say? | 你觉得怎么样? |
[1:39:14] | Fran? | 弗兰? |
[1:39:17] | Are you there, Fran? | 弗兰 你还在吗? |
[1:39:21] | Of course I’m not here, because the whole thing never happened. | 我当然不在 整件事情也没有发生 |
[1:39:25] | I never took those pills, I never loved you,… | 我从来没有吃过安眠药 从来没有爱过你 |
[1:39:29] | we never even met. | 我们从来也没有相遇 |
[1:39:33] | Isn’t that the way you want it, Jeff? | 杰夫 这样你是不是满意了? |
[1:39:34] | You know I didn’t mean it that way. | 你知道我不是这个意思的 |
[1:39:37] | You just get well. | 你好好养身体吧 |
[1:39:38] | Do what the nurse says. I mean Baxter. | 按照看护的话去做 我是指巴克斯特 |
[1:39:40] | 487 I’ll see you as soon as I can. | 我会尽快去看你的 |
[1:39:42] | Goodbye, Fran. | 再见 弗兰 |
[1:40:01] | Hello, Mrs Sheldrake. | 喂 是舍尔爵克夫人吗? |
[1:40:02] | This is Miss Olsen. | 我是奥尔森小姐 |
[1:40:04] | Fine, thank you. | 我很好 谢谢 |
[1:40:05] | I was wondering if we could have lunch together. | 我想我们是不是可以共进午餐 |
[1:40:09] | I don’t know how important it is, | 我不知道这件事情有多严重 |
[1:40:10] | but you might find it educational. | 但是你会觉得对你有用的 |
[1:40:13] | It concerns your husband. | 是关于你丈夫的事情 |
[1:40:16] | All right. One o’clock, Longchamps, Madison and 59th. | 好的 1点钟 在曼德森餐馆 品味厅59号见 |
[1:40:26] | Don’t worry. I’m on my way. | 不要担心 我马上就走 |
[1:40:28] | Just making a personal call. | 只是打一个私人电话 |
[1:40:32] | Here’s a dime. | 这是一毛钱 |
[1:40:37] | Going down. | 快离开 |
[1:40:51] | Oh, Mr.Baxter! I’m glad you’re here. | 哦 巴克斯特先生 你还在这里 |
[1:40:54] | – I was just going to get the passkey. – What for? | – 我还正准备去拿备用钥匙呢?- 干什么用? |
[1:40:56] | I thought I smelled gas coming from your apartment. | 好像你的公寓里有煤气味道传出来 |
[1:40:59] | Gas?! | 煤气? |
[1:41:10] | Miss Kubelik? | 库伯利克小姐 |
[1:41:14] | Miss Kubelik! | 库伯利克小姐 |
[1:41:19] | – You all right? – Sure! | – 你还好吗?- 当然 |
[1:41:22] | What’s that funny smell? | 那这煤气味是怎么回事? |
[1:41:23] | Gas! Didn’t you turn it on? | 煤气 你没有打开吗? |
[1:41:25] | Yes, to boil water to get the coffee stains out of my dress. | 打开了 我想烧水洗掉衣服上的咖啡渍 |
[1:41:28] | You turned it on but you didn’t light it. | 你把煤气打开了 但是没有点火 |
[1:41:30] | Are you supposed to? | 你想干什么? |
[1:41:32] | In this house you’re supposed to. | 在这间房子干什么? |
[1:41:34] | Hey, what are you doing with that? | 嘿 你在干什么呢? |
[1:41:36] | I was washing my stockings, | 我在洗我的袜子 |
[1:41:37] | so I thought I’d wash your socks too. | 于是顺便把你的也洗了 |
[1:41:40] | Oh. Thank you. | 哦 谢谢 |
[1:41:41] | Very curious. I could only find 3 pair. | 我很好奇 我怎么只能找到3双袜子? |
[1:41:44] | Things are a little disorganised around here. | 我这里有些乱糟糟的 |
[1:41:46] | I’d say. What’s a tennis racket doing in the kitchen? | 我还想问一下 为什么你的厨房有一只网球拍呢 |
[1:41:50] | Tennis racket? Oh, I remember. | 网球拍?哦 我想起来了 |
[1:41:52] | I was cooking myself an ltalian dinner. | 那是我自己做意大利餐的工具 |
[1:41:56] | I used it to strain the spaghetti. | 我用它来处理意大利面条 |
[1:41:58] | – Why not? – In fact, I’m a pretty good cook. | – 为什么呢?- 事实上 我是一个很好的厨师 |
[1:42:01] | – Only I’m a lousy housekeeper. – Yes, you are. | – 但是在整理家务方面非常糟糕 – 嗯 确实如此 |
[1:42:04] | When I was straightening up the couch, | 当我整理沙发的时候 |
[1:42:05] | I found six hairpins, a lipstick,… | 我发现了6个发夹 一支口红 |
[1:42:09] | a pair of false eyelashes | 一对假眼睫毛 |
[1:42:09] | and a swizzle stick from the Stork Club. | 还有斯多克俱乐部的鸡尾酒调酒棒 |
[1:42:12] | It’s just that I’m the kind of guy who can’t say no. | 这只是因为我对任何人都不拒绝的后果 |
[1:42:16] | I don’t mean to girls. I mean… | 我不是指对女孩 |
[1:42:17] | To someone like Mr.Sheldrake. | 我的意思是对像舍尔爵克先生一样的人 |
[1:42:20] | – I guess so. – I know so. | – 我猜也是的 – 我知道 |
[1:42:25] | – He’s a taker. – What? | – 他是一个情场猎手 – 什么? |
[1:42:28] | Some people take, some people get took. | 一些人捕猎 一些人被猎 |
[1:42:30] | And they know they’re gettin’ took | 他们知道自己需要什么类型的 |
[1:42:31] | and there’s nothin’ they can do about it. | 他们什么也不会做 |
[1:42:34] | I wouldn’t say that. | 我也不知道该说什么 |
[1:42:37] | What would you like for dinner, huh? | 你中午想吃什么? |
[1:42:39] | Hey. Onion soup, and canned asparagus… | 嗯 洋葱汤 罐装的芦笋 |
[1:42:43] | I really should be getting home. | 我现在真的要回去了 |
[1:42:45] | My family’ll be flipping by now. | 我家里人现在肯定都急疯了 |
[1:42:46] | You can’t leave yet. | 你现在还不能离开 |
[1:42:48] | The doctor said it takes 48 hours | 医生说过需要48个小时 |
[1:42:49] | to get that stuff out of your system. | 才能把那些东西清除掉 |
[1:42:53] | How long does it take to get someone you’re stuck on out of your system? | 那多久才能把那些缠着你的人甩开呢? |
[1:42:58] | If only they’d invent some kind of pump for that. | 除非他们发明一种专门的抽取泵 |
[1:43:01] | I know how you feel, Miss Kubelik. | 库伯利克小姐 我知道你的感受 |
[1:43:03] | You think it’s the end of the world. But it’s not. | 你认为现在是世界末日 但事实上并不是 |
[1:43:07] | I went through exactly the same thing myself. | 我也经历过一样糟糕的事情 |
[1:43:09] | – You did? – Well, not exactly the same. | – 你也经历过?- 是的 当然也不完全一样 |
[1:43:12] | I tried to do it with a gun. | 我想用枪来了结我的一生 |
[1:43:13] | Over a girl? | 为了一个女孩? |
[1:43:14] | Worse. It was the wife of my best friend. | 更糟糕 是为了我最好朋友的老婆 |
[1:43:17] | And I was mad about her. | 但是我却疯狂的爱上了她 |
[1:43:18] | But I knew it was hopeless and I decided to end it all. | 我知道这是没有结果的 于是想结束这一切 |
[1:43:22] | I went to a pawnshop and I bought a 45 automatic | 我到了一家当铺 买了一把 45自动步枪 |
[1:43:24] | and I drove up to Eden Park… | 然后开车到伊甸公园 |
[1:43:26] | – Do you know Cincinnati? – No, I don’t. | – 你知道辛辛那提吗?- 不知道 |
[1:43:28] | Anyway, I parked the car and I loaded that gun… | 总之 我停好车 把子弹上膛 |
[1:43:31] | You read in the papers that people shoot themselves. | 你读过报纸上那些饮弹自尽的文章吧 |
[1:43:34] | Believe me, it’s not that easy. | 相信我 事情根本没有那么的简单 |
[1:43:36] | I mean, how do you do it? Here? Here? Here? | 我的意思是你该怎么做?这里?这里?还是这里? |
[1:43:41] | – Know where I finally shot myself? – Where? | – 知道我最后开枪打哪个地方吗?- 哪里? |
[1:43:43] | – Here. – In the knee?! | – 这里 – 在膝盖上 |
[1:43:45] | Yeah! I was sittin’ there, tryin’ to decide. | 是的 我坐在那里 然后再想如何了结 |
[1:43:48] | A cop came up because I was illegally parked. | 因为我违章停车 一个警察走过来 |
[1:43:51] | I tried to hide the gun under the seat and it went off. | 我想把枪藏在椅子后面 结果枪走火了 |
[1:43:54] | – That’s terrible! – It was a year till I could bend the knee. | – 太恐怖了 – 整整一年我都不能弯曲我的膝盖 |
[1:43:58] | But I got over the girl in three weeks. | 但是后来 我三个星期就忘记了那个女孩 |
[1:44:03] | Still lives in Cincinnati. Has four kids and gained 20 pounds. | 她还在辛辛提那 有四个小孩 都有20磅重了 |
[1:44:07] | Sends me a fruitcake every Christmas. | 每个圣诞节还给我送水果蛋糕 |
[1:44:09] | Are you just making this up to make me feel better? | 你是不是编出这样的故事让我高兴啊 |
[1:44:12] | Of course not! Here’s the fruitcake. | 当然不是 你看这还有水果蛋糕呢 |
[1:44:14] | – Do you wanna see my knee? – No, thank you. | – 你想看我的膝盖吗?- 不用了 谢谢 |
[1:44:16] | The fellas in the office might get the wrong idea how I found out. | 公司的那些家伙可能会奇怪我是怎么知道的 |
[1:44:20] | Let ’em! Look, I’m gonna cook dinner for us. | 好了 我来做中餐 |
[1:44:22] | We’ll have fruitcake for dessert. | 水果蛋糕作为饭后的甜点 如何? |
[1:44:24] | You just sit there and rest. | 你坐这里休息就够了 |
[1:44:25] | You’ve done enough for today. | 你今天的运动已经够多了 |
[1:44:27] | Yes, Nurse. | 好的 看护大人 |
[1:44:45] | – Can I help you? – I’m lookin’ for Miss Kubelik. | – 我能为你做点什么?- 我找库伯利克小姐 |
[1:44:48] | So am l. She didn’t report this morning. | 我也是 她今天早上没有报到上班 |
[1:44:50] | She didn’t? Who’s in charge here? | 她没有吗?谁是这里的主管? |
[1:44:53] | That comes under General Office Administration. | 她属于总部下面的行政部 |
[1:44:55] | Mr.Dobisch, 21st floor. | 多比奇先生 21楼 |
[1:44:58] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:45:02] | So I take Sylvia up to the apartment, | 我今天带塞维利亚去他的公寓 |
[1:45:05] | and guess who he’s stashed in the bedroom. | 估计她应该在巴克斯特的房间里 |
[1:45:07] | – Who? – Kubelik. | – 谁?- 库伯利克 |
[1:45:08] | No kiddin’? Buddy-boy and Kubelik having a little toot? | 别开玩笑了 巴克小伙子会和库伯利克有一腿 |
[1:45:11] | Toot? More like a lost weekend. | 也许吧 一个糟糕的周末 |
[1:45:14] | Neither of ’em showed up for work today. | 他们今天好像都没有上班 |
[1:45:16] | AWOL, hm? | 擅离职守 对吗? |
[1:45:18] | What gripes me is they guzzled my champagne… | 尤其让我不爽的就是 他们还拿走了我的香槟 |
[1:45:21] | while Sylvia and I wound up at the Guggenheim Museum. | 而我和塞尔维亚在高格汉姆博物馆冻得要死 |
[1:45:26] | – Mr.Dobisch? – Yeah. | – 科比奇先生吗?- 是的 |
[1:45:29] | I’m Karl Matuschka. | 我叫卡尔 马塔斯奇卡 |
[1:45:30] | My sister-in-law runs one of the elevators. Fran Kubelik. | 我的妹妹叫弗兰 库伯利克 在你们这里开电梯 |
[1:45:33] | – Miss Kubelik? – You know her? | – 库伯利克小姐?- 你认识她吗? |
[1:45:35] | Of course. We have a lot of employees, | 当然 我们有很多雇员 |
[1:45:36] | but we’re one big, happy family. | 但我们是一个幸福快乐的大家庭 |
[1:45:39] | She lives with us, and my wife’s nervous | 她和我们住一起 我妻子很担心 |
[1:45:41] | cos Fran hasn’t been home for two days. | 因为她已经两天没有回家了 |
[1:45:44] | That so? | 那样又如何? |
[1:45:46] | So we wondered if somebody here knew what happened to her. | 于是我们在想 你们这是不是有人知道她的去处 |
[1:45:49] | I see. | 我明白 |
[1:45:50] | What do you think, Al? | 你有什么意见 埃尔? |
[1:45:52] | Can we help the man? | 我们需要帮助这家伙吗? |
[1:45:54] | Why not? We don’t owe Buddy-boy anything. | 为什么不呢?我们又不欠巴克什么人情 |
[1:45:58] | Yeah. What’s Buddy-boy done for us lately? | 对 何况巴克最近对我们怎么样 你也很清楚 |
[1:46:03] | Who is Buddy-boy? | 谁是巴克? |
[1:46:30] | Are we dressing for dinner? | 我们需要穿好衣服来吃饭吗? |
[1:46:31] | No. Just come as you are. | 不用 你过来就行了 |
[1:46:34] | You’re pretty good with that racket. | 你很会用这球拍 |
[1:46:35] | You should see my backhand. | 你等一下可以看看我反手击球 |
[1:46:40] | Wait till you see me serve the meatballs. | 等一下你就可以看到我怎么处理这些肉丸 |
[1:46:43] | Shall I light the candles? | 我来点蜡烛 |
[1:46:44] | It’s a must, gracious livingwise. | 这将非常的浪漫 有情调 |
[1:46:50] | # Meatball | 肉丸 |
[1:46:56] | # Meatball | 肉丸 |
[1:47:06] | – You bought some napkins. – Might as well go all the way. | – 你买了一些餐巾 – 最好能够保持一致 |
[1:47:13] | You know, I used to live like Robinson Crusoe. | 你知道的 我曾经过着像鲁宾逊一样的生活 |
[1:47:15] | Shipwrecked, among eight million people. | 在八百万的幸存者中 |
[1:47:18] | And then one day I saw a footprint in the sand… | 有一天 我在沙滩上看到了脚印 |
[1:47:21] | and there you were. | 发现你也在这里 |
[1:47:24] | It’s a wonderful thing, dinner for two. | 太让人兴奋了 两人午餐 |
[1:47:26] | Do you usually eat alone? | 你经常一个人吃饭吗? |
[1:47:27] | No. Sometimes I eat with Ed Sullivan. | 不 有时候我和爱德 苏尔文一起吃 |
[1:47:30] | Or sometimes Dinah Shore or Perry Como. | 有时候是戴娜 什莎 或者是佩雷 克莫 |
[1:47:33] | The other night it was Mae West. | 另外一个晚上 是和梅 韦斯特 |
[1:47:35] | She was much younger then. Cheers. | 她很年轻 干杯 |
[1:47:37] | – Cheers. – Know what we’re gonna do after dinner? | – 干杯 – 我们吃完饭有什么好计划? |
[1:47:40] | – The dishes. – I mean after that. | – 吃菜喽 – 我指那之后 |
[1:47:43] | – What? – You don’t have to if you don’t want to. | – 什么 – 如果你不喜欢的话不要勉强 |
[1:47:45] | – Oh, I don’t? – We’re gonna finish the gin game. | – 哦 不会的 – 我们再继续打牌吧 |
[1:47:48] | So keep a clear head. | 保持清醒的头脑 |
[1:47:51] | Cos I don’t wanna take advantage of you, | 因为我不想利用你 |
[1:47:53] | the way I did yesterday in bed. | 就像我昨天在床上那样 |
[1:47:55] | – Baxter? – Yes. | – 巴克斯特在吗?- 在 |
[1:48:07] | What’s with you, Fran? | 弗兰 你和谁在一起呢? |
[1:48:07] | Did you forget where you live? | 你不记得你住在哪里了吗? |
[1:48:09] | My brother-in-law, Karl Matuschka. | 我姐夫 卡尔 马塔斯奇卡 |
[1:48:11] | Oh! How do you do, Mr.Matusch… | 你好 马塔斯奇卡先生 |
[1:48:13] | Get dressed. I got the cab downstairs. | 快穿好衣服 我在楼下车里等你 |
[1:48:15] | Wait. I know what you’re thinking, but… | 等一下 我知道你在想什么 |
[1:48:18] | It’s none of my business what you do. | 你做什么不关我的事情 |
[1:48:19] | You’re over 21. | 你已经超过21岁了 |
[1:48:21] | But your sister thinks you’re a lady. | 但是你姐姐认为你还是一个小女孩 |
[1:48:22] | All we were gonna do was eat! | 我们只是在这里吃饭 |
[1:48:24] | If there wasn’t a lady present, | 如果这里不是有位女士在场的话 |
[1:48:26] | I’d clobber you. | 我会痛扁你一顿的 |
[1:48:27] | All right, Karl! I’ll get dressed. | 好的 卡尔 我去穿衣服 |
[1:48:39] | Want a martini? | 来一杯马提尼如何? |
[1:48:45] | How about some spaghetti with meat sauce that I cooked myself? | 来一些我做的意大利肉酱面? |
[1:48:55] | Your sister-in-law sure is terrific. | 你姐夫实在太恐怖了 |
[1:49:01] | It must be murder drivin’ a cab in New York with the cross-town traffic. | 如果他开车穿越纽约市区 肯定会害死很多人的 |
[1:49:10] | Hi, Baxter. How’s the patient? | 嗨 巴克斯特 病人现在情况怎么样? |
[1:49:12] | Oh, uh… I’m fine, Doc. | 哦 我还好 医生 |
[1:49:14] | Not you. Miss Kubelik. | 不是你 是库伯利克小姐 |
[1:49:17] | What’s the matter with Miss Kubelik? | 库伯利克小姐 发生什么事情了? |
[1:49:18] | This is Mr.Matuschka. He’s… got a cab. | 他是马塔斯奇卡先生 一个出租车司机 |
[1:49:22] | – Fran been sick? – No. Just a little accident. | – 弗兰生病了吗?- 没有 出了一点小意外 |
[1:49:24] | What does he mean, accident? | 他的话是什么意思 意外? |
[1:49:26] | Well… these things happen all the time. | 哦 是这样的 这些事情一直都在发生 |
[1:49:28] | What things? What kind of a doctor are you? | 什么事情?你究竟当的什么医生? |
[1:49:31] | Not that kind! He just gave her a shot, | 不是你想的那样 他只是给她打了一针 |
[1:49:33] | pumped out her stomach. | 然后洗了一下胃 |
[1:49:34] | What for? | 为什么? |
[1:49:35] | I took sleeping pills. But I’m fine now. | 我吃了安眠药 不过我现在已经没事了 |
[1:49:37] | – Why’d you take sleeping pills? – On account of me. | – 你为什么吃安眠药?- 因为我 |
[1:49:40] | You? | 你? |
[1:49:42] | Who else? | 能有其他人吗? |
[1:49:49] | Leave him alone! | 放开他 |
[1:49:53] | Oh, you fool. You damn fool. | 哦 你这个傻瓜 太傻了 |
[1:49:59] | – Come on, Fran. – Goodbye, Mr.Baxter. | – 快走 弗兰 – 巴克斯特先生 再见 |
[1:50:08] | Goodbye, Doctor. | 再见 医生 |
[1:50:12] | Well, I don’t wanna gloat, | 好了 我不想幸灾乐祸 |
[1:50:13] | but just between us, you had it coming to you. | 不过你刚才确实很有勇气承担责任 |
[1:50:19] | You’re gonna have a shiner tomorrow. | 你明天就会有一个黑眼圈 |
[1:50:22] | Let me get my bag. | 让我拿一下包 |
[1:50:26] | Don’t bother, Doc. | 不用担心 医生 |
[1:50:28] | It doesn’t hurt a bit. | 伤的不是很厉害 |
[1:50:52] | Mr.Sheldrake’s office? | 舍尔爵克先生办公室吗? |
[1:50:53] | This is CC Baxter. | 我是CC 巴克斯特 |
[1:50:54] | Please tell him I’d like to come up and see him. | 请告诉他 我想现在就见他 |
[1:50:57] | It’s important. | 有很重要的事情 |
[1:50:58] | Will you call me back, please? | 请问你能打回来吗? |
[1:51:03] | Mr.Sheldrake, I’ve got good news for you. | 舍尔爵克先生 我有好消息要告诉你 |
[1:51:07] | All your troubles are over. | 所有的麻烦都结束了 |
[1:51:10] | I’m gonna take Miss Kubelik off your hands. | 我想我可以帮你摆脱库伯利克小姐 |
[1:51:14] | The plain fact is, I love her. | 事实就是 我喜欢她 |
[1:51:17] | I thought you should be the first to know. | 我想你是第一个知道的人 |
[1:51:20] | After all, you don’t really want her, and I do. | 毕竟 你不喜欢她 而我却喜欢 |
[1:51:23] | And though it may sound presumptuous, | 虽然这听起来有些专横 |
[1:51:25] | she needs somebody like me. | 但是她需要我这样的人来照顾 |
[1:51:27] | So I think it would be best all around. | 于是 我想我应该是最适合的人选 |
[1:51:31] | Solutionwise. | 这样才能解决问题 |
[1:51:32] | Yes? | 喂? |
[1:51:34] | I’ll be right up. | 我马上上来 |
[1:51:36] | Mr.Sheldrake, I’ve got good news for you. | 舍尔爵克先生 我有好消息要告诉你 |
[1:51:40] | All your troubles are over. | 所有的麻烦都结束了 |
[1:51:46] | 19. | 19楼 |
[1:51:48] | Hi, Buddy-boy. What happened to you? | 嗨 巴克小伙子 你怎么了? |
[1:51:50] | Hit by a swinging door? | 被门撞到了吗? |
[1:51:52] | Or a yellow cab? | 或者被黄色出租车撞到了 |
[1:51:53] | That guy really must’ve belted him. | 那个家伙可能已经揍了他 |
[1:51:55] | Yeah. He’s punchy. Talking to himself. | 是的 你看他已经心不在焉 自言自语 |
[1:51:58] | 27. | 27楼 |
[1:52:00] | Those two days she spent in the apartment… | 这两天 她住在我的公寓里 |
[1:52:03] | made me realise how lonely I’d been before. | 才让我意识到 我原来多么孤独 |
[1:52:06] | But, thanks to you, I’m in a financial position to marry her. | 但是多亏了你 让我有足够的收入来娶她 |
[1:52:10] | If I can ever square things with her family. | 如果我能和她的家人协商好的话 |
[1:52:13] | Good morning. CC Baxter. | 早上好 CC巴克斯特先生 |
[1:52:19] | – Mr.Baxter is here. – Send him in. | – 他已经到了 – 让他进来 |
[1:52:23] | Mr.Sheldrake, I’ve got good news for you. | 舍尔爵克先生 我有好消息要告诉你 |
[1:52:26] | And I’ve got good news for you, Baxter. | 巴克斯特 我也有好消息告诉你 |
[1:52:29] | – All your troubles are over. – Sir? | – 所有的问题都迎刃而解了 – 先生? |
[1:52:31] | I know how worried you were about Miss Kubelik. | 我知道你很担心库伯利克小姐 |
[1:52:33] | Stop worrying. | 现在你不用管了 |
[1:52:35] | I’m going to take her off your hands. | 我要把她从你那接过来 |
[1:52:38] | – You’re gonna take her off my hands? – That’s right. | – 从我这里接过去 – 很对 |
[1:52:41] | I’ve moved out of the house. | 我已经从家里搬出来了 |
[1:52:44] | I’m gonna be staying in town, at the Athletic Club. | 目前打算住在镇上的运动俱乐部 |
[1:52:47] | You left your wife. | 你和你妻子离婚了? |
[1:52:48] | If you must know, I fired my secretary. | 如果你想知道 我告诉你 我炒掉了我的秘书 |
[1:52:50] | My secretary got to my wife, and my wife fired me. | 我的秘书告诉了我妻子 我妻子炒掉我 |
[1:52:53] | Ain’t that a kick in the head? | 对我而言 真是一个重大的不幸 |
[1:52:55] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:52:57] | Now what’s your news, Baxter? | 巴克斯特 你有什么好消息要告诉我 |
[1:53:01] | It’s about Miss Kubelik. | 是关于库伯利克小姐的 |
[1:53:02] | She’s feeling all right again so she went home. | 她现在完全康复 然后回家去了 |
[1:53:05] | Swell. And don’t think I’ve forgotten what you did for me. | 很好 我没有忘记你为我做的事情 |
[1:53:08] | This way, Baxter. | 这边来 巴克斯特 |
[1:53:13] | Sit down. Try it on for size. | 坐下 大小合适吗? |
[1:53:17] | – You like? It’s all yours. – Mine? | – 喜欢吗?这里都是你的 – 我的? |
[1:53:20] | My assistant has been shifted to the Denver office | 我的助理已经被轮调到丹佛的办公室 |
[1:53:22] | and you’re taking his place. | 由你来接替他的位置 |
[1:53:25] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 有什么事情吗? |
[1:53:26] | You don’t seem very excited. | 你看起来好像并不很兴奋 |
[1:53:28] | Well, it’s just that so many things have been happening so fast. | 哦 只是很多事情变化太快了 让我无所适从 |
[1:53:32] | I’m very pleased. Especially for Miss Kubelik. | 我很高兴 尤其为库伯利克小姐高兴 |
[1:53:35] | I think she’s the kind of girl that definitely ought to be married to… someone. | 我觉得她就是那种值得娶的女孩 |
[1:53:40] | Sure, sure. But first the property has to be settled. | 当然 当然 首先我要处理好财产问题 |
[1:53:44] | Then it takes six weeks in Reno. | 然后再花六个星期的时间在雷诺休息 |
[1:53:46] | Meanwhile I’m going to enjoy being a bachelor for a while. | 同时 我也要好好享受一下单身汉的快乐 |
[1:53:49] | Oh, Baxter, you now can have lunch in the executive dining room. | 对了 巴克斯特 你可以在经理餐厅吃饭了 |
[1:53:52] | That’s one of the privileges that goes with this job. | 这是你担任这一工作的特权之一 |
[1:53:55] | You also get a nice little expense account, | 你还可以公费报销一些项目 |
[1:53:57] | use of the executive washroom… | 使用经理盥洗室 |
[1:54:00] | Say, what happened to you, Baxter? | 嘿 巴克斯特 你怎么了? |
[1:54:02] | – I got kicked in the head too. – Oh? | – 我也备受打击 – 哦? |
[1:54:26] | Good evening, Mr.Baxter. | 晚安 巴克斯特先生 |
[1:54:28] | Oh. | 哦 |
[1:54:30] | Miss Kubelik. How are you feeling? | 库伯利克小姐 你现在感觉如何? |
[1:54:33] | – I feel fine. How’s your eye? – Oh, fine. | – 我很好 你的眼睛怎么样了?- 哦 没事 |
[1:54:36] | How are things at the apartment? | 公寓现在怎么样? |
[1:54:37] | Nothing’s changed. | 还是老样子 什么都没变 |
[1:54:39] | – We never did finish that gin game. – I know. | – 我们那个牌局还没有打完呢 – 我知道 |
[1:54:43] | I suppose you heard about Mr.Sheldrake. | 我想你已经知道舍尔爵克的事情了吧 |
[1:54:46] | Leaving his wife? Yeah. I’m very happy for you. | 和他夫人离婚?对 我很为他高兴 |
[1:54:49] | I never thought he’d do it. | 我从来没有想过他会做这件事情 |
[1:54:50] | I told you all along. | 我早就告诉过你了 |
[1:54:51] | You were wrong about Mr.Sheldrake. | 你对舍尔爵克先生有一些误会 |
[1:54:54] | I guess so. | 我想是的吧 |
[1:54:55] | You were wrong about me too. | 你对我也有一些误会 |
[1:54:57] | What you said about those who take and those who get took. | 就是关于谁泡谁和谁被泡的问题 |
[1:55:00] | Mr.Sheldrake wasn’t using me. I was using him. See? | 舍尔爵克先生没有利用我 我在玩他 明白吗? |
[1:55:04] | Last month I was at desk 861 on the 19th floor. | 上个月我在19楼的861号桌子 |
[1:55:07] | Now I’m on the 27th floor. | 现在我在27楼了 |
[1:55:08] | A panelled office, three windows. | 带有套间的办公室 还有三扇窗户 |
[1:55:11] | So it all worked out fine. We’re both getting what we wanted. | 因此一切都发展得很好 我们各得其所 |
[1:55:14] | Yes. Will you walk me to the subway? | 是的 你能陪我到地铁吗? |
[1:55:17] | No, thank you. | 不了 谢谢 |
[1:55:18] | Well, l… To tell you the truth, I have this heavy date for tonight. | 我告诉你 我今天晚上有一个很重要的约会 |
[1:55:26] | Aren’t you meeting Mr.Sheldrake? | 你不和舍尔爵克先生会面吗? |
[1:55:27] | No. You know how people talk. | 不 你知道人言可畏的 |
[1:55:29] | I decided it was best not to see each other until everything was settled, | 我决定在所有事情都解决好之前不和他见面 |
[1:55:33] | divorcewise. | 也就是在他离婚之前 |
[1:55:35] | That’s very wise. | 明智之举 |
[1:55:38] | – Good night, Mr.Baxter. – Good night. | – 晚安 巴克斯特先生 – 晚安 |
[1:56:17] | Baxter, could you step in here a minute? | 巴克斯特 你能到我这里来一下吗? |
[1:56:18] | Yes, Mr.Sheldrake. | 好的 舍尔爵克先生 |
[1:56:20] | – There you are. – Much obliged. | – 这是你要的东西 – 非常感谢 |
[1:56:24] | Here are the figures on staff turnover. | 这是员工离职率 |
[1:56:26] | 37% of females leave to get married and 22%… | 37%的女性员工为了结婚而离职 22%… |
[1:56:30] | Baxter, you work too hard. | 巴克斯特 你工作太辛苦了 |
[1:56:31] | It’s New Year’s Eve. Relax! | 今天是除夕 放松点 |
[1:56:33] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[1:56:34] | I suppose you’ll be celebrating tonight. | 我想 今天晚上你应该庆祝一番 |
[1:56:36] | – Naturally. – I’m taking Miss Kubelik out. | – 那是自然 – 我准备约库伯利克小姐出来 |
[1:56:38] | – I finally talked her into it. – I see. | – 我像和她促膝畅谈 – 我明白 |
[1:56:41] | The only thing is, I’m staying at the Athletic Club | 唯一的问题是 我还住在运动娱乐 |
[1:56:43] | and it’s strictly stag, so… | 那里不太方便 |
[1:56:45] | If you don’t mind? | 如果你不介意的话? |
[1:56:48] | – Don’t mind what? – You know my key to your apartment? | – 不介意什么 – 你知道的 你公寓的钥匙 |
[1:56:52] | When we had that little scare about Miss Kubelik,… | 就是我们被库伯利克小姐吓了一跳的地方 |
[1:56:55] | – ..l threw it out the window of the train. – Very clever. | – 我早就忘记了 – 非常聪明 |
[1:56:59] | So now I’ll have to borrow your key. | 所以现在我要借用你的钥匙 |
[1:57:03] | – Sorry, Mr.Sheldrake. – What do you mean, sorry? | – 不好意思 舍尔爵克先生 – 不好意思 为什么? |
[1:57:06] | You’re not bringing anybody to my apartment. | 你不能带任何人再到我的公寓来 |
[1:57:09] | It’s not just anybody. It’s Miss Kubelik. | 不是别人 是库伯利克小姐 |
[1:57:11] | Especially not Miss Kubelik. | 她更不行 |
[1:57:13] | – How’s that again? – No key. | – 我再问你一遍?- 不行 |
[1:57:18] | Baxter, I picked you for my team | 巴克斯特 我把你调到我身边 |
[1:57:20] | because I thought you were a bright young man. | 是因为我觉得你是一个非常聪明的年轻人 |
[1:57:23] | Do you realise what you’re doing? | 你知道你在干什么吗? |
[1:57:25] | Not to me, but to yourself? | 这对我没什么 但是对你呢? |
[1:57:27] | Normally it takes years to work your way up to the 27th floor. | 正常来说 你要花长时间才能到27楼工作 |
[1:57:30] | But it only takes 30 seconds to be out on the street again. | 但可能只需30秒钟 你就可以被扫地出门 |
[1:57:33] | – You dig? – I dig. | – 你懂吗?- 我懂 |
[1:57:37] | So what’s it going to be? | 那你现在应该怎么办呢? |
[1:57:46] | – Now you’re being bright. – Thank you, sir. | – 这样才对 – 谢谢 先生 |
[1:58:06] | – Baxter, you gave me the wrong key. – No, I didn’t. | – 巴克斯特 你拿错钥匙给我了 – 没有 |
[1:58:09] | But this is the key to the executive washroom. | 但这是经理盥洗室的钥匙 |
[1:58:12] | That’s right. I won’t be needing it | 没错 我不再需要它了 |
[1:58:14] | because I’m all washed up around here. | 因为我要离开这里了 |
[1:58:16] | – What’s gotten into you? – Just following doctor’s orders. | – 你傻了吗?- 你要听我的话 |
[1:58:19] | I’ve decided to become a mensch. | 我要做一个高尚的人 |
[1:58:21] | Know what that means? A human being. | 你明白吗 做一个堂堂正正的人 |
[1:58:24] | Now hold on, Baxter. | 等等 巴克斯特 |
[1:58:25] | The old payola won’t work any more. | 这种逢迎拍马的老伎俩没用了 |
[1:58:28] | Goodbye, Mr.Sheldrake. | 再见 舍尔爵克先生 |
[1:59:06] | We’re having a party and ran out of ice. | 我们的聚会没有冰了 能过来拿一些吗? |
[1:59:09] | Sure, Doc. | 好的 医生 |
[1:59:10] | How come you’re alone on New Year’s Eve? | 在除夕之夜 你怎么一个人呢 |
[1:59:12] | Well, I got things to do. | 哦 我要做一些事情 |
[1:59:14] | What’s this? You’re packing? | 这是干什么 你在收拾行李? |
[1:59:15] | Yeah. I’m giving up the apartment. | 是的 我准备离开这里 |
[1:59:18] | Where are you moving to? | 你要到哪里发展呢? |
[1:59:20] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:59:21] | All I know is I gotta get outta this place. | 不过有一点可以确认 就是离开这里 |
[1:59:23] | Sorry to lose you, Baxter. | 巴克斯特 看到你要走 我很难过 |
[1:59:26] | Me? Oh, my body. Don’t worry, | 我?哦 我的身体 不要担心 |
[1:59:28] | it’ll go to the university, Doc. I’ll put it in writing. | 我还会捐给大学的 我在写申请 |
[1:59:31] | – Could you use some champagne? – Booze we don’t need. | – 需要香槟吗?- 我们不喝酒 |
[1:59:34] | Say, why don’t you join us? | 嘿 为什么不和我们一起玩呢 |
[1:59:36] | We got two brain surgeons, a proctologist | 我们有两个脑外科医生 一个直肠病学家 |
[1:59:40] | and three nurses from Bellevue. | 三个从贝利弗来的护士 |
[1:59:41] | No, thanks. I don’t feel like it. | 不用 谢谢 我现在没心情 |
[1:59:43] | In case I don’t see you again, | 万一以后 我们碰不到面了 |
[1:59:45] | how much do I owe you for taking care of that girl? | 我怎么偿还你帮我照顾那个女孩的人情呢 |
[1:59:47] | Forget it. I didn’t do it as a doctor. | 不要想了 我没当自己是医生 |
[1:59:50] | I did it as a neighbour. | 我只是在尽 一个邻居的义务 |
[1:59:51] | By the way, whatever happened to her? | 顺便问一下 她现在怎么样了? |
[1:59:55] | You know me with girls. | 你知道我和女孩如何谈得了 |
[1:59:57] | Easy come, easy go. | 来也匆匆 去也匆匆 |
[1:59:59] | – Goodbye, Doc. – Happy New Year. | – 再见 医生 – 新年快乐 |
[2:00:45] | Sorry I took so long on the phone. | 不好意思 我打了太久的电话 |
[2:00:46] | We’re all set. | 一起都准备好了 |
[2:00:47] | – For what? – I rented a car. It’ll be here at one. | – 干什么?- 我租了一辆车 |
[2:00:50] | – We’re driving to Atlantic City. – Atlantic City? | – 一起开车到亚特兰大 – 亚特兰大? |
[2:00:53] | I know it’s a drag, | 我知道太远了 |
[2:00:53] | but you can’t find a hotel room in town on New Year’s Eve. | 可是在除夕之夜 纽约的酒店根本没有空房间 |
[2:00:58] | Ring out the old year, ring in the new. | 辞旧迎新 |
[2:01:01] | Ring-a-ding-ding. | 我们来狂欢吧 |
[2:01:04] | I didn’t plan it this way. It’s Baxter’s fault. | 我也不想这样的 这都是巴克斯特的错 |
[2:01:08] | Baxter? | 巴克斯特? |
[2:01:09] | He wouldn’t give me the key to the apartment. | 他不愿意给我公寓的钥匙 |
[2:01:12] | – He wouldn’t? – No. He just walked out on me. Quit. | – 他不愿意?- 是的 他辞职了 |
[2:01:15] | Threw that big, fat job right in my face. | 抛弃了这么好的工作 |
[2:01:20] | The nerve. | 神经病 |
[2:01:20] | The little punk. After all I did for him. | 废物一个 毕竟他的一切都是我给的 |
[2:01:24] | Said I couldn’t bring anybody to the apartment, | 还说 我再也不能带任何人到他的公寓 |
[2:01:25] | especially not Miss Kubelik. | 特别是库伯利克小姐 |
[2:01:28] | What’s he got against you, anyway? | 那么 他为什么要和你作对呢? |
[2:01:31] | I don’t know. I guess that’s the way it crumbles, | 我不知道 也许这是最好的解决办法 |
[2:01:35] | cookiewise. | 就像粉碎的小甜饼一样 |
[2:01:39] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[2:01:43] | I’d spell it out for you, only I can’t spell. | 我想为你把它拼出来 可是我不会 |
[2:02:02] | Happy New Year, Fran. | 新年快乐 弗兰 |
[2:02:45] | Fran? | 弗兰? |
[2:02:48] | Where are you, Fran? | 你跑哪里去了 弗兰? |
[2:03:09] | Mr.Baxter! | 巴克斯特先生 |
[2:03:11] | Mr.Baxter! | 巴克斯特先生 |
[2:03:12] | Mr.Baxter! Mr.Baxter! | 巴克斯特先生 巴克斯特先生 |
[2:03:18] | Oh! | 天啊 |
[2:03:20] | – Are you all right? – I’m fine. | – 你还好吗?- 我很好 |
[2:03:23] | Are you sure? How’s your knee? | 你确定?你的膝盖怎么样? |
[2:03:26] | I’m fine all over. | 浑身上下都没有问题 |
[2:03:30] | – Mind if I come in? – Of course not. | – 介意我进来吗?- 当然不 |
[2:03:38] | Let me get another glass. | 我给你拿一只杯子 |
[2:03:43] | – Where are you going? – Who knows? | – 你准备去哪里?- 天知道 |
[2:03:45] | Another neighbourhood, another town, another job. | 到另一个城市找另外一个邻居 再找另外一份工作 |
[2:03:48] | I’m on my own. | 我现在一个人过 |
[2:03:51] | That’s funny. So am l. | 太有趣了 我也是 |
[2:03:54] | What’d you do with the cards? | 你把牌放哪里去了? |
[2:03:56] | In there. | 在那里 |
[2:04:10] | What about Mr.Sheldrake? | 那舍尔爵克先生呢 |
[2:04:12] | I’m gonna send him a fruitcake every Christmas. | 我会每个圣诞节送他一个水果蛋糕 |
[2:04:18] | Cut. | 切牌 |
[2:04:21] | I love you, Miss Kubelik. | 我爱你 库伯利克小姐 |
[2:04:24] | 3 Three | |
[2:04:26] | 12 Queen | |
[2:04:27] | Did you hear what I said, Miss Kubelik? | 你听到我说什么了吗 库伯利克小姐? |
[2:04:28] | I absolutely adore you. | 我真是太爱你了 |
[2:04:34] | Shut up and deal. | 闭嘴 我们打牌 |