英文名称:The Age of Adaline
年代:2015
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:01] | On December 31st, 2014 | 2014年12月31日 |
[01:04] | a taxi cab traveled through San Fransisco. | 一辆出租车行驶在旧金山市区 |
[01:08] | From Chinatown to Marin. | 从唐人街到马林郡 |
[01:13] | The car carried a single passenger… | 这辆车上只有一个乘客 |
[01:17] | a woman. | 一位女士 |
[01:19] | Her birth name, Adaline Bowman. | 她本名叫阿黛琳·鲍曼 |
[01:25] | Current alias, Jennifer Larson. | 现在的化名是珍妮弗·劳森 |
[01:29] | This is the first and last chapter of her story. | 这是她人生故事里的第一个也是最后一个篇章 |
[01:46] | Sorry just gotta be quiet. | 不好意思 得小点声 |
[01:47] | My dad’s still sleeping, he works nights. | 我爸爸是上夜班的 现在还在睡觉 |
[01:51] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[02:01] | I, ah, finished the color seps in digital printing, last night. | 我昨天晚上完成了数码印刷的图片分色部分 |
[02:04] | I pulled some line art from the Internet… | 从网上下了些线条图片 |
[02:07] | and printed the imperfections. | 然后打印出来了稍有瑕疵的版本 |
[02:10] | See thats kinda my secret… | 这其实算是我的一个小秘诀 |
[02:11] | the dust marks and discoloration, | 一些灰尘痕迹和褪色 |
[02:13] | no one’s gonna question the details in a million years. | 绝对没人会怀疑这些小细节的 |
[02:17] | So why 29? | 所以为什么是29岁 |
[02:19] | I mean, if I were you, shear a coupla years off… | 我的意思是 如果我是你 我会改小几岁 |
[02:23] | you could definitely get away with it. | 肯定没人会怀疑你的 |
[02:27] | You are very kind, Tony. | 你人真好 托尼 |
[02:30] | Nice work. | 干得很好 |
[02:32] | It was a pleasure doing business with you. | 很高兴能和你做这笔生意 |
[02:34] | And if any of your friends would need anything. | 如果你有朋友需要什么的话 |
[02:35] | Why are you doing this? | 你为什么做这行 |
[02:36] | Come again? | 你刚刚说什么 |
[02:37] | You are a smart kid,forgery is a felony… | 你是个很聪明的孩子 伪造是重罪 |
[02:39] | $250,000 fine, six years in jail. | 25万美元的罚款 6年的牢狱之灾 |
[02:43] | Shit, you… you’re a cop? | 该死 你…你是警察 |
[02:46] | No, I’m about as far from law enforcement as you can get. | 不 我和执法人员八竿子打不着 |
[02:49] | I just hate to see wasted potential, Jeff. | 我只是不想看到才华被浪费 杰夫 |
[02:52] | Tony, it’s Tony. | 托尼 我叫托尼 |
[02:54] | The autographed baseball’s in your bedroom, | 你卧室里的那个签名棒球 |
[02:56] | made out to Jeff. | 签的可是杰夫的名字 |
[02:57] | Don’t get sloppy. It’s the little things that’ll trip you. | 别太粗心了 细节最容易出卖你 |
[03:26] | Honey, I’m home. | 亲爱的 我回来了 |
[03:36] | Reese? | 里斯 |
[03:41] | Hi! | 你好啊 |
[03:57] | Here we go | 来这儿 |
[04:01] | You are gonna love the new farmhouse. | 你会喜欢新农舍的 |
[04:03] | Clean air, acres and acres of woods and mountain stream. | 新鲜的空气 成片的树林 还有山间的小溪 |
[04:08] | You’ll feel like a puppy again! | 你会感觉自己还年轻着 |
[04:10] | Did you know, | 你知道吗 |
[04:11] | that your great great grandmother was born just a few towns over? | 你的曾曾曾祖母就出生在离这不远处的小镇上 |
[04:15] | So was mine! Not at the same time of course. | 我也是 不过当然不是同一个时间 |
[04:18] | Oh… I gotta go to work. | 噢 我得去上班了 |
[04:25] | Civic archives please. | 去市立档案馆 谢谢 |
[04:27] | Will take a while, mark is jammed. | 这得花不少时间 马克街堵车了 |
[04:28] | Ok, then please take California to Hyde. | 好吧 那从加利福利亚街到海德街方向走吧 |
[04:30] | -There’s construction on Hyde. -Why don’t you stay on this, | -海德街正在施工 -那先沿着这条路走 |
[04:33] | take this to Gough, Gough to Bush, | 接着转到高弗街 高弗街到布什街 |
[04:35] | Bush to Polk, Polk to Grove… | 再到波克街 最后到格鲁街 |
[04:36] | and then just leave me on the corner of market. | 然后把我放在市场边就好 |
[04:39] | You want my job? | 你要抢我的工作吗 |
[04:40] | You never know. | 说不定喔 |
[05:01] | Good morning, Jenny. | 早上好 珍妮 |
[05:02] | -Morning. -Morning. | -早上好 -早 |
[05:03] | Hi Kenneth. | 嗨 肯尼斯 |
[05:04] | We thought you might not be coming in today, | 我们还以为你今天不会来了 |
[05:07] | being New Year’s Eve and all. | 毕竟今天是平安夜 |
[05:09] | Uh, its still a Wednesday. The fun doesn’t start till tonight, anyway. | 但今天也是星期三 狂欢晚上才开始 |
[05:13] | Well, are you up for a little excitement right now? | 好吧 你要来干点让人激动的事儿吗 |
[05:16] | Sure, what is it? | 当然 那是什么 |
[05:17] | Your favorite, the news reel archives. Finally being digitalized. | 你的最爱 新闻胶片存档 终于要被数字化了 |
[05:20] | We need a little help, getting it ready to be shipped. | 我们需要在它运走之前做好准备工作 |
[05:24] | I’d love to. | 乐意之至 |
[06:46] | Adaline Marie Bowman, | 阿黛琳·玛丽·鲍曼 |
[06:48] | was born at 12.01 am, Jan 1st, 1908… | 出生于1908年1月1号 午夜零点零1分 |
[06:52] | at Children’s Hospital, San Fransisco. | 地点为旧金山市儿童医院 |
[06:58] | The only child of Faye and Milton Bowman | 是法耶和米尔顿·鲍曼的独子 |
[07:07] | On June 16th, 1929, | 1929年6月16号 |
[07:10] | just as Adaline Bowman and her mother, | 就在阿黛琳·鲍曼和她的妈妈一起 |
[07:13] | stopped to admire the expanse, | 停下来欣赏一片广阔的水域 |
[07:15] | where three years hence construction would be finished, | 三年后 这里将建成 |
[07:18] | on the Golden Gate bridge. | 金门大桥 |
[07:21] | A young engineer, displayed uncommon gallantry | 一个年轻的工程师以独特的气质吸引了阿黛琳 |
[07:34] | 87 days later, | 87天后 |
[07:35] | Adaline married Clarence James Prescott… | 阿黛琳和克拉伦斯·詹姆斯·普莱斯考特 |
[07:39] | at old St.Marys Cathedral in San Fransisco. | 在旧金山古老的圣玛丽教堂成婚了 |
[07:46] | Three years later, Adaline gave birth to a baby girl. | 三年后 阿黛琳生了个小女孩 |
[07:51] | They named her Flemming, after Adaline’s paternal grandmother. | 他们给她起名为弗莱明 以纪念阿黛琳的祖母 |
[07:58] | On Feb 17th, 1937, | 1937年2月17日 |
[08:00] | eight workers and two engineers lost their lives | 八名工人和两名工程师 |
[08:02] | when a section of scaffolding, | 在金门大桥的施工过程中发生不幸事故 |
[08:05] | fell through a safety net during construction of the Golden Gate bridge. | 事故原因为 脚手架的一部分砸穿安全网 |
[08:10] | Among the deceased was Adaline’s husband. | 其中一位遇难者就是阿黛琳的丈夫 |
[08:21] | Ten months after her husband’s death… | 她丈夫逝世十个月后 |
[08:25] | Adaline was driving north to her parents beach cottage, | 阿黛琳开车前往她父母在北部的海边小屋 |
[08:29] | where 5 year old Flemming was waiting up for her… | 她5岁的女儿弗莱明已经在那里等着她 |
[08:34] | when something highly unusual occurred. | 路上发生了极不寻常的事情 |
[08:37] | Something almost magical. | 一件近乎魔幻的事情 |
[08:46] | Snow fell in Sonoma County, California! | 加州的索诺玛郡下雪了 |
[09:25] | The immersion in the frigid water, | 阿黛琳的身体浸没在冰冷的水中 |
[09:29] | caused Adaline’s body go into an anoxic reflex, | 使她进入缺氧状态 |
[09:33] | instantly stopping her breathing, and slowing her heartbeat. | 她的呼吸迅速停止 心跳也开始减慢 |
[09:39] | Within 2 minutes, | 两分钟内 |
[09:41] | Adaline Bowman’s core temperature had dropped to 87 degrees. | 阿黛琳的体温骤降到华氏87度[约30摄氏度] |
[09:50] | Her heart stopped beating. | 她的心脏停止了跳动 |
[09:58] | At 8:55, a bolt of lightning struck the vehicle, | 晚上8点55分 一道闪电击中了她的车 |
[10:05] | discharging half a billion volts of electricity. | 释放出近五亿伏特的电量 |
[10:08] | and producing 60,000 amperes of current. | 产生了高达六万安培的电流 |
[10:10] | Its effect was threefold… | 它带来了三重效果 |
[10:14] | First, the charge defibrillated Adaline Bowman’s heart. | 首先 这电流使阿黛琳·鲍曼的心脏除颤 |
[10:21] | Second, she was jolted out of her annoxic state, | 第二 刺激使她脱离了缺氧状态 |
[10:26] | causing her to draw her first breath in 2 minutes. | 让她在两分钟后有了第一次呼吸 |
[10:45] | Third, | 第三 |
[10:46] | based on Von Layman’s principle of | 根据冯·雷曼关于 |
[10:48] | electron compression in deoxyribonucleic acid, | 脱氧核糖核酸中的电子压缩理论 |
[10:52] | which will be discovered in the year 2035. | 将会在2035年被发现 |
[10:56] | Adaline Bowman will hence forth be immune to the ravages of time. | 阿黛琳·鲍曼 从此不再受时间的影响 |
[11:02] | She will never age, another day. | 她永远不会衰老 |
[11:32] | As the years passed, | 随着时间的流逝 |
[11:34] | Adaline credited her unchanging appearance to a combination of | 阿黛琳将她不老的容颜归功于 |
[11:39] | healthy diet, exercise, heredity and good luck. | 健康的饮食 锻炼 遗传 以及好运 |
[11:42] | Adaline? | 阿黛琳 |
[11:44] | Mariam, hello? | 玛丽安 你好啊 |
[11:46] | My God! You haven’t changed a bit! | 天啊 你真是一点都没变 |
[11:49] | -Oh! That’s very kind of you to say. -Flemming? You’re all grown up! | -谢谢你这么说 -弗莱明 你长大了 |
[11:52] | That’s what I keep telling my mom. But she doesn’t believe me. | 我一直跟我妈妈这么说 但是她不相信我 |
[11:55] | Aw! I’m sorry, but we really must leave… | 不好意思 但是我们真得走了 |
[11:57] | But you… you look like sisters! | 但你们…你们看起来像姐妹一样 |
[11:59] | You better stop or it’ll go straight to my head. | 你还是别说了 不然我就真相信了 |
[12:01] | -How is that possible? -A new face cream from Paris. | -这怎么可能呢 -巴黎产的一种新面霜 |
[12:04] | Made from the royal jelly of the queen bee. | 由蜂后的蜂王浆所制 |
[12:07] | -Ok, darling. -Bye bye now! Great seeing you! | -好了 亲爱的 -先再见了 很高兴见到你 |
[12:16] | Action was required. | 但她需要做出一些行动了 |
[12:17] | Just weeks later, when leaving a quite suburban existence… | 几周之后 当她住在一个安静的城郊住宅区时 |
[12:21] | Adaline was pulled over for a minor traffic infraction, | 阿黛琳因为一个小小的交通违规被警察拦下 |
[12:25] | Ma’am, it says here you were born on January 1st, 1908… | 女士 这上面说你出生在1908年1月1号 |
[12:31] | -That’s right. -That would make you, 45 years old? | -没错 -那样你现在是45岁了吧 |
[12:37] | -Yes. -Ma’am, I’m gonna hold on to this. | -是的 -女士 我得扣押这个证件 |
[12:40] | And when you come by to the station house to pick it up | 到时你来警局取回它的时候 |
[12:43] | Please bring your birth certificate. | 请把你的出生证明带来 |
[12:45] | I’ll be happy to, officer. Is tomorrow morning alright? | 当然可以 警官 明早可以吗 |
[12:48] | Sure. | 当然 |
[12:53] | Soon after, Adeline moved back to San Fransisco, | 很快 阿黛琳搬回了旧金山 |
[12:57] | and took a clerical job at the School of Medicine. | 并在医学院找了份文职工作 |
[13:05] | There, | 在那里 |
[13:06] | she availed herself of every opportunity to research her condition. | 她利用各种机会来研究自己的状况 |
[13:17] | After a year of intense study, | 经过一年的认真研究 |
[13:19] | Adeline Bowman was forced to confront the fact… | 阿黛琳·鲍曼不得不接受一个事实 |
[13:23] | that there was absolutely no scientific explanation for her condition. | 那就是她这一案例没有任何的科学解释 |
[13:28] | Are you a member of the Communist party? | 你是共产党的一员吗 |
[13:30] | Or have you ever been a member of the Communist party? | 或者 你曾是共产党的一员吗 |
[13:44] | Adaline? | 阿黛琳 |
[13:47] | Oh! I’m sorry, you have the wrong person. | 不好意思 你们找错人了 |
[13:49] | From the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Miss Bowman. | 我们是联邦调查局的 鲍曼小姐 |
[13:55] | We’d like to ask you a few questions if you don’t mind. | 如果你不介意的话 我们想问你几个问题 |
[13:58] | Why? I… I’v done nothing wrong! | 为什么 我…我没做过什么错事 |
[14:01] | I’m a good American! How dare you bother me… | 我是个好公民 你们怎么敢这样 |
[14:02] | at my place of employment? | 来我工作的地方打扰我 |
[14:04] | Couldn’t be helped, ma’am. | 我们也没办法 女士 |
[14:05] | We have no record of your residence. This way please. | 我们没有你的居民记录 这边请 |
[14:14] | Nothing to worry about, Miss Bowman. | 不用担心 鲍曼女士 |
[14:17] | Just gonna run a few tests on you. | 只是要给你做几个检查 |
[15:26] | If anyone contacts you, tell them that I… | 如果有任何人联系你 告诉他们 |
[15:28] | went to Europe on vacation, that I never came back. | 我去欧洲度假了 说我再也没回来 |
[15:34] | The next time we see each other, I will have a new identity. | 下次我们再见面的时候 我会有个新身份 |
[15:38] | I’ll always be your mother. | 我永远是你的妈妈 |
[15:40] | You’ll just have to introduce me as your friend. | 只不过你得介绍我说是你的朋友 |
[15:42] | Mama, no. | 妈妈 不要 |
[15:44] | It has to be this way. Here… | 只能这样了 来… |
[15:59] | To ensure the freedom and safety of herself and her daughter… | 为了保证她自己以及女儿的自由和安全 |
[16:02] | Adaline vowed to keep moving, | 阿黛兰发誓要一直漂泊 |
[16:07] | changing her name, residence and appearance every decade. | 每十年改变一次她的名字 住址 和装扮 |
[16:14] | And never, to speak a word of her fate to another living soul. | 并且永远不对别的人透露自己的秘密 |
[16:30] | In 7 weeks when Jenifer Larson, disappears forever… | 七周后 珍妮弗·劳森永远消失 |
[16:34] | and Susan Flietcher takes up residence | 苏珊·弗莱开始定居在 |
[16:36] | in a remote farmhouse in Ashton, Oregon… | 俄勒冈州阿什顿一个偏僻的农舍 |
[16:42] | Adaline Bowman, aside from one moment of weakness | 阿黛琳·鲍曼 除了一时的心软过 |
[16:46] | will have kept her vow for the past 60 years. | 已经在过去六十年里恪守她的誓言 |
[17:03] | -Hello, Reagan? -Amanda, you’re not gonna stand me up are you? | -你好啊 里根 -阿曼达 你不会放我鸽子吧 |
[17:06] | You asked me that last year. | 你去年就问过我这个问题了 |
[17:07] | Why don’t you trust me? | 你怎么就不相信我呢 |
[17:09] | I just can’t believe you haven’t got a better offer. | 我只是不敢相信你没有更好的约会对象 |
[17:12] | Impossible! I’ll pick you up at 8:00? | 当然没有 我八点去接你 |
[17:14] | Actually, that’s the other reason I called. | 事实上 这是我打电话的另一个原因 |
[17:17] | The Grand Hotel of Nob Hill is sending a car for me. | 诺布山大酒店会派车来接我 |
[17:20] | Look at you! | 不错嘛 |
[17:21] | Have you ever been there for New Year’s? | 你以前去那儿庆祝过新年吗 |
[17:23] | Only once, ages ago. | 只去过一次 好久以前了 |
[17:25] | I guess it’s pretty lavish. | 我猜那儿很奢华吧 |
[17:27] | Well I better get to it, then. I’ll see you soon, bye Reagan. | 那我得赶紧准备了 晚点儿见 拜拜 里根 |
[17:52] | You hungry? | 你饿了吗 |
[17:56] | No? | 不饿 |
[17:57] | Oh! You just wanna come out with me tonight, don’t you? | 你只是想让我今晚带你出去对吧 |
[18:01] | Sorry buddy, it’s a girl’s night. | 对不起 女孩子才能去 |
[18:36] | Avery if you don’t remove your hand from my knee… | 艾弗里 如果不把你的手从我腿上拿开… |
[18:38] | Both my hands are on the table! | 我两只手都在桌上呢 |
[18:40] | Addison? | 艾迪生 |
[19:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:23] | -Happy New Year! -Oh! Hey Amanda, that was you clapping, wasn’t it? | -新年快乐 -阿曼达 刚才是你在鼓掌 对吗 |
[19:28] | How did you guess? | 你怎么知道的 |
[19:30] | You have good manners. We are the last two! | 你最有礼貌了 就剩咱俩了 |
[19:33] | Hey grab a glass! | 来干一杯 |
[19:35] | Tell me, what did I miss? Not much, just some happy chatter. | 我错过了什么 没什么 只是一些开心的闲聊 |
[19:38] | It’s funny, no matter how old you get, | 不管你有多老 |
[19:40] | New Year’s eve feels like the one night, | 平安夜都是一样的 |
[19:43] | -that anything’s possible. -What’s your resolution? | -充满希望的一个夜晚 -你的新年愿望是什么 |
[19:45] | Same as always: True love. How about you? | 一如既往 找到真爱 你呢 |
[19:49] | To live this year as though it were my last. | 把明年当做人生最后一年一样过完 |
[19:52] | You never know, it could be. At our age, so hell ya. | 这很有可能 我们都这个年龄了 别管了 |
[19:56] | Let’s live… | 让我们好好享受吧… |
[20:01] | Beware of Bachelor, 3 ‘o clock. | 注意有个单身汉 3点钟方向 |
[20:02] | Getting us stormed up! | 我们心里的小鹿都得乱撞了 |
[20:04] | Hmm, what’s he like? | 他长什么样 |
[20:05] | Brown hair, icy blues, mid-30’s… | 棕色头发 冰蓝眼睛 大概30岁… |
[20:07] | How come I’m with you, you always get hit’in by babies ? | 为什么每次我跟你在一起 都能碰到小鲜肉 |
[20:10] | -Shh! He’s here. -Good evening ladies. | -嘘 他来了 -晚上好 小姐们 |
[20:12] | Welcome to the Cougartown! I know! | 欢迎来到熟女俱乐部 我知道 |
[20:13] | We don’t look at the average 28. | 我们看起来不像28岁的年轻人 |
[20:15] | -You are too kind! What’s your name? -Dale Davenport. | -你人太好了 你叫什么名字 -戴尔·达文波特 |
[20:20] | -Dale’s a painter. -Really? | -戴尔是个画家 -真的吗 |
[20:21] | A starving honest artist though, | 作为一个诚实的画家 |
[20:22] | because he doesn’t accept his affluent family’s help. | 因为不愿接受他家族的帮助 在街头风餐露宿 |
[20:24] | I… I’m sorry. Have we met? | 不好意思 我们见过吗 |
[20:26] | No, no, no. Just your Cartier wristwatch… | 没有 只不过你的卡地亚牌手表… |
[20:29] | one of the very first. | 是最老的一款 |
[20:31] | I’m assuming it was given to you from a well to do grandfather. | 我猜是你有钱的祖父送给你的 |
[20:34] | Gr…Great grandfather. But how do you know that I paint? | 是曾祖父 但你怎么知道我是个画家 |
[20:36] | Your hands are covered in paint. That one was easy. | 你手上沾了颜料 这不难猜 |
[20:41] | Well Picassa! Have a seat! | 哈哈 毕加索先生 请坐 |
[20:43] | -We’re gonna buy you a drink. -Ah… sure. | -我们请你喝一杯 -好 |
[20:46] | -Happy New Year. -Happy New Year. | -新年快乐 -新年快乐 |
[20:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:26] | 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1… Happy New Year! | 6 5 4 3 2 1…新年快乐 |
[21:37] | Hello? Thank you sweetheart. | 你好 谢谢你亲爱的 |
[21:44] | Oh! No, no, you don’t have to sing it… | 不 你不用唱生日歌了… |
[21:47] | No, please, please don’t sing it. I already had enough birthdays. | 不用啦 别唱 我已经过了太多的生日了 |
[21:51] | Aww! Where are you? | 你在哪 |
[21:53] | You didn’t go out at all? | 你居然没出去 |
[21:56] | Hmm, I don’t blame you. | 我不是怪你 |
[21:58] | Are we still on for tomorrow? | 我们明天还见面吗 |
[22:00] | Great, alright get some sleep. I love you. | 好 去睡觉吧 我爱你 |
[22:05] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[22:17] | Wherever he is, I hope he’s got one helluva an excuse. | 不管你男友在哪里 我希望他有一个不陪你的借口 |
[22:20] | I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you. | 不好意思 我不是有意要吓到你的 |
[22:21] | It’s just… isn’t there some sort of tradition | 只不过…不是有这样一个说法吗 |
[22:24] | if you are alone on New Years Eve… | 如果你在跨年夜还是单身 |
[22:26] | that you’re supposed to kiss a stranger? | 你应该亲吻一个陌生人 |
[22:30] | Damn! You heard that before. | 见鬼 你肯定听过了 |
[22:32] | Just once from a young Bing Crosby | 只听过一次 从一个年轻的 |
[22:34] | …type. | 宾·克劳斯贝一样幽默的人那里听过 |
[22:36] | Happy New Year. | 新年快乐 |
[22:46] | -I’m too old for this. Oh no! -Don’t disappear. | -我年纪大 不适合呆在这儿 -别走啊 |
[22:49] | I’ll call you tomorrow. Tell me everything I missed, I love you. | 我明早打电话你 给我说说我错过了哪些 爱你 |
[22:52] | Bye dear! | 拜拜 亲爱的 |
[23:06] | Oh well! That’ll teach me not to put hand where it doesn’t belong. | 我该学会以后不要把手放在不该放的地方 |
[23:09] | Something tells me it won’t. | 我的感觉告诉我你还会这么干的 |
[23:13] | You know, that was a risky move. | 你知道 你这样做可是很危险的 |
[23:17] | -What was? -Not introducing yourself before you leave. | -什么 -走之前都不介绍下你自己 |
[23:20] | I’m a dare devil. | 我一直很冒失 |
[23:24] | I’m Ellis, pleasure to meet you. | 我叫埃利斯 很高兴见到你 |
[23:27] | Like the island? No man is. | 是那一座孤岛吗 没有谁是一座孤岛 |
[23:29] | -I’m Jenny. -Like the poem? | -我叫珍妮 -像诗里写的一样吗 |
[23:35] | No, it’s | 不对吗 就是 |
[23:36] | “Say I’m weary, say I’m sad, say that health and wealth have miss’d me… | “即使我身体不佳 经济窘迫… |
[23:39] | Say I’m growing old, but add, Jenny kiss’d me.” | 即使我日益衰老 但你还得说 珍妮吻了我” |
[23:48] | -Who wrote that? -Poem one of the romantics I think… | -谁写了这首诗 -一个浪漫主义者写的诗吧 |
[23:51] | -Now you are not sure! -Actually I am, but I… | -你也不清楚了 -事实上我知道 只是 |
[23:55] | I don’t wanna come across,like a know it all! | 我不想初次见面就表现得无所不知 |
[23:57] | Too bad, I adore know-it-alls. | 真遗憾 我喜欢博学多识的人 |
[24:04] | So… where you off to? | 你要去哪 |
[24:07] | Some place with better food, my apartment. | 我的公寓 想回去吃点更好吃的 |
[24:11] | Yourself? | 你一个人 |
[24:13] | Back to the party. | 他们还在狂欢 |
[24:15] | I, ah, just wanted to spend 27 floors with you. | 我只是想在你下这27层楼的时候陪陪你 |
[24:19] | -That was a risky move. -What? | -这个决定可真冒险 -什么 |
[24:21] | Leaving your date upstairs. I hope it that was worth it. | 把你的女伴丢在楼上 我希望你这么做很值得 |
[24:24] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[24:26] | Oh come on! Beautiful woman in blue. | 少来了 那个穿蓝色衣服的女人 |
[24:29] | Does her name happen to end in ‘kova’? | 她的名字该不会恰好姓科娃吧 |
[24:33] | No! Her name is Agnus Bogs. | 哈哈 她的名字叫阿格纳斯·伯格斯 |
[24:36] | Her uncle is the chef. I’ll let him know, you liked his food. | 她叔叔是这里的厨师 我会转告他说你喜欢他做的菜 |
[24:40] | And she’s not my date. | 而且她也不是我女朋友 |
[24:48] | -Taxi, ma’am? -Yes please, thank you. | -坐车吗 女士 -谢谢 |
[24:55] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[24:57] | -Oh! I’ll just wait with you. -So you can find out where I live? | -我在这陪你等一会 -这样你就可以知道我住在哪了吗 |
[25:04] | It does make it a lot easier to send flowers. | 这样送花就方便多啦 |
[25:07] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[25:08] | Thank you but I’ll manage. | 谢谢 但我一个人等就行 |
[25:12] | Goodbye, it’s been an adventure meeting you. | 晚安 今晚这段奇遇很棒 |
[25:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[25:21] | -Wait. -Oh! | -等等 -噢 |
[25:24] | There you go again! Putting your hand in places it doesn’t belong. | 你又来了 把手放在不该放的地方 |
[25:30] | How do we get in touch? | 我怎么联系上你 |
[25:32] | Happy New Year, Ellis. Thank you, sir. | 新年快乐 埃利斯 走吧 |
[25:59] | Am I late? | 我迟到了吗 |
[26:00] | No more than usual. | 跟以前一样 |
[26:02] | Happy Birthday, mama! | 妈妈 生日快乐 |
[26:05] | Thank you, darling’ | 亲爱的 谢谢你 |
[26:09] | I’m so happy to see you. | 见到你很开心 |
[26:15] | You know, you don’t have to still give me cards. | 你不用一直给我送贺卡 |
[26:18] | I love you. I love you too. | 我爱你 我也爱你 |
[26:23] | So when are you moving back up? | 你什么时候搬回来 |
[26:25] | -3rd week in February. -Right on schedule. | -2月的第三周吧 -已经定好了 |
[26:28] | Of course! | 那当然 |
[26:35] | I see, you already forgot about our little talk on sodium? | 我看 你已经忘了我们关于盐的讨论了 |
[26:38] | No, I’m simply choosing to ignore. | 没有 我只是选择性忽略 |
[26:44] | Actually, um… | 事实上… |
[26:48] | I’m thinking of moving myself. | 我也想搬走 |
[26:52] | But, you love where you live. | 但是 你喜欢住在这儿啊 |
[26:54] | I do, but you know, there’s just too many stairs. | 是的 但是这儿台阶太多了 |
[26:57] | Last week, Kayle Fonso, fell and she broke her hip. | 上周 凯尔·方索摔倒伤到了自己的臀部 |
[27:03] | The doctor said, she might never leave the hospital. | 医生说 她估计得在医院度过余生了 |
[27:07] | And then, the very next day, Molly Andrews called me… | 然后就在第二天 莫利·安德鲁斯打电话找我… |
[27:11] | and she told me about this wonderful retirement community in Arizona. | 告诉我在亚利桑那州有一个不错的退休社区 |
[27:17] | She moved in last spring, | 去年春季她搬了进去 |
[27:18] | she says, she’s never been happier in her whole life. | 她说她一生从来没有像在那儿那么快乐过 |
[27:25] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[27:27] | I live abouts in Oregon’s, so that I can be close to you. | 我在俄勒冈州住下来 是为了能离你近一点 |
[27:31] | So you can come up for long visits. | 这样你就可以多来陪陪我 |
[27:33] | Move in, with me eventually. | 最后跟我住在一起 |
[27:38] | We haven’t lived together, since I was in high school. | 自从我上高中 我们就没住在一起过 |
[27:42] | But… you’re not getting any younger. | 但是…你又不会变年轻 |
[27:45] | What if you moved to Arizona and something happened to you? | 你搬去亚利桑那州万一出了事呢 |
[27:47] | What if you got sick? | 万一你生病了呢 |
[27:49] | Then, I would hope, that you’d come and take care of me. | 我希望你到时候可以来照顾我 |
[27:56] | -What if I’m too late? -No, no! We cannot do this. | -如果我没能赶上 -别 我们不能讨论这种事 |
[28:01] | Not on your birthday. | 今天是你过生日 |
[28:03] | It’s a holiday! | 这可是好日子 |
[28:11] | -I nearly fell off my seat! -What are you two clucking about? | -我差点从座位上摔下来 -你们俩在聊什么呢 |
[28:16] | Major news, Mr.Jones is donating | 大新闻 琼斯先生要捐赠 |
[28:17] | $50,000 worth of 1st edition classics to this library! | 价值5万美元的经典初版文学书籍给我们图书馆 |
[28:21] | What books do you know? | 你知道有哪些书籍 |
[28:23] | We’re going to find out very soon | 我们马上就知道了 |
[28:25] | because his office called to say that he’ll be here deliver them himself. | 因为他办公室来电说他将亲自送过来 |
[28:30] | -Hi. -Oh no! | -嗨 -噢 不 |
[28:31] | -I’m Ellis. -Oh, good! | -我是埃利斯 -太好了 |
[28:32] | Welcome, Mr.Jones! | 欢迎 琼斯先生 |
[28:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:34] | On behalf of the San Fransisco Heritage Society, | 我代表旧金山遗产协会 |
[28:38] | I would like to express our sincere gratitude, | 对您带来的礼物 |
[28:40] | for your most generous gift. I left my shipment in receiving | 表示诚挚感谢 我的书还在路上 |
[28:43] | but I’m sure they will be right up. | 不过我相信马上就到了 |
[28:45] | If you don’t mind, | 如果你不介意的话 |
[28:46] | we would like a photograph of you donating… the books. | 我们想拍一张…您捐赠时的照片 |
[28:48] | Yeah. Yeah, sure sure. | 没问题 |
[28:51] | Can you give me one second, though? | 不过能稍等一下吗 |
[28:55] | Hey? It’s me. | 嗨 是我 |
[28:59] | -The know-it-all. -What are you doing here? | -那个无所不知先生 -你在这儿干嘛 |
[29:02] | I got something for you too. | 我也给你带了些东西 |
[29:04] | Some flowers. | 一些”花” |
[29:08] | Daisy Miller by Henry James, Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury, | 亨利·詹姆斯的黛西·密勒 雷·布莱伯利的蒲公英酒 |
[29:13] | White Oleander, Janet Fitch | 珍妮特·费奇的白色夹竹桃 |
[29:18] | Very clever. | 真聪明 |
[29:22] | How did you know I work here? | 你怎么知道我在这儿工作 |
[29:24] | I just tried the board. I saw you coming out of our meeting. | 我问了董事会 我看见你从我们的会议走出来 |
[29:29] | Oh! You could have mentioned that in the elevator. | 哦 你在电梯里应该告诉我的 |
[29:34] | If we had met | 如果我们能在一个 |
[29:35] | in a taller building… | 有更多楼层的建筑里遇到的话 |
[29:37] | I would have had time to cover that. | 我就能有时间告诉你了 |
[29:43] | I do not know about you but I’m ready for some donating. | 我并不了解你但是我已经准备好捐出一些东西了 |
[29:47] | Great. I’ll be here. | 太好了 我会一直在这儿 |
[29:49] | No way, I would like you to | 不行 我想让你 |
[29:51] | accept the books on behalf of the library. | 代表图书馆接收了这些书 |
[29:53] | Oh! No, no, no. I can’t do that. Yes you can. | 噢 不 不 不 我不能那么做 你当然可以 |
[29:55] | No, no, | 不 不 |
[29:56] | I don’t want my photo taken. | 我不想拍照 |
[29:58] | Don’t worry. You look stunning. | 别担心 你看上去很美 |
[29:59] | It’s not about vanity. I just don’t like people taking my photograph. | 这和好不好看没关系 我只是不喜欢拍照 |
[30:05] | Suit yourself, if you won’t accept ’em, I won’t donate ’em. | 随你便 如果你不愿意接收的话 我不会捐了 |
[30:09] | You wouldn’t do that. I’ll… I’ll even have a book burning. | 你不会那样做的 我会的 我宁愿把书烧了 |
[30:15] | It’s just… I don’t like my photos taken, Ellis. | 埃利斯 我只是不喜欢拍照 |
[30:21] | Ok, fine. Fine. Here’s an alternative. | 好 好 还有个选择 |
[30:25] | Let me take you out tomorrow. | 明天你跟我出去转转 |
[30:29] | Ok, that’s impossible. | 那是不可能的 |
[30:38] | Alright. | 好吧 |
[30:39] | Well, I’ll just pack up the books then. That’s fine | 那我去把书打包收起来了 那没问题 |
[30:44] | Where? | 明天去哪儿 |
[30:49] | Some place you’ve never been. | 一些你从来没去过的地方 |
[30:52] | Well if it’s in this city, then it’s unlikely. | 如果是在这个市的话 那恐怕没有这样一个地方 |
[30:56] | Try me. | 让我试试 |
[31:00] | You can leave the boots in the front when you are done. | 当你弄好的时候可以把靴子放在前面 |
[31:02] | I’ll be right outside. We will, thank you Tom. | 我会在外面等你 我们会的 谢谢你了汤姆 |
[31:04] | Alright. | 好 |
[31:09] | Alright. I give up. | 好 我投降 |
[31:14] | In the first year of the gold rush… | 在淘金热开始的第一年 |
[31:16] | about 60,000 people came to San Francisco by ship. | 大约有六万人乘船来旧金山 |
[31:20] | And a lot of them high trailers, trailed to the hills… | 他们中的许多人长驱直入进入深山 |
[31:22] | leaving their boats behind. | 把船留下了 |
[31:24] | Hundreds of boats were left on shore. | 数百艘船被留在了海岸上 |
[31:28] | Downtown San Francisco was built right on top of them. | 旧金山城区就建在它们的上方 |
[31:32] | I didn’t know that. | 我并不知道这些 |
[31:34] | Now city services… | 如今市政部门在 |
[31:35] | found this when they were digging for utility line. | 挖掘公共事业线路的时候发现了这个 |
[31:41] | My God. | 我的天啊 |
[31:42] | Isn’t it something? | 这有趣吧 |
[31:45] | Is that… Yeah, that’s a boat. | 那是…那是一艘船吗 |
[31:48] | oh wow… | 哇哦… |
[31:51] | This is incredible! | 真是太难以置信了 |
[31:53] | So we had the digging stopped immediately of course… | 所以我们就立刻停止了挖掘工作 |
[31:56] | because we want this made evident to the public. | 因为我们想把它展现给公众 |
[31:58] | We? | 我们 |
[31:59] | San Francisco Historical Preservation Society. | 旧金山历史保护协会 |
[32:02] | Let me guess. You are on the board. | 让我来猜猜 你在董事会 |
[32:04] | Well yeah, they’ll let anyone on the board, these days. | 是啊 这年头不管谁都能进董事会 |
[32:16] | How did you come by your fortune anyway, By inheritance | 你怎么得到这些财产的 继承的吗 |
[32:20] | Luck. | 运气 |
[32:22] | I was a math major in college… | 我大学学的数学 |
[32:24] | and in my spare time I developed an algorithm for analyzing climate data. | 我用空余时间做了一个分析气候数据的算法 |
[32:29] | But my room-mate figured out it could also be used for economic forecast. | 我室友发现那个还能用来预估经济 |
[32:33] | So we started a company in our dorm room. | 所以我俩在寝室里办了个公司 |
[32:36] | Sold it 3 years later | 3年之后把公司卖掉 |
[32:37] | and with his half he retired to Fiji. | 我室友拿着他的那一半退休去了斐济 |
[32:40] | And with my half, I…I’m doing this. | 我的那一份 我…我拿来做了这个 |
[32:44] | Your job is giving away money. | 你的工作就是撒钱 |
[32:46] | Yeah that right, | 对 你说的对 但是 |
[32:47] | but if you wanna make a real difference in this world… | 如果你真的想做点什么来改变世界 |
[32:49] | that’s a lot harder than it seems. | 这比看起来要难得多 |
[32:55] | What about you, Jenny? | 你呢 詹妮 |
[33:03] | I own a dog. | 我有一只狗 |
[33:07] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[33:08] | I should be getting back. | 我该回去了 |
[33:10] | But we’re having lunch. | 但我们还要吃午饭啊 |
[33:13] | It’s too late, Ellis. I only got an hour. | 太晚了 埃利斯 我只有一个小时 |
[33:20] | Okay, um… | 好吧 呃… |
[33:21] | Let me at least walk you back. | 至少让我送你回去吧 |
[33:27] | Thank you for all of this. | 谢谢你所做的一切 |
[33:29] | Just you should know I’m moving. | 但你应该知道我就要搬走了 |
[33:37] | Uh! Okay. | 好吧 |
[33:38] | I have an idea. | 我有个主意 |
[33:40] | I’ll tell you a joke. If you laugh… | 我给你讲个故事 如果你笑了… |
[33:43] | You have to go out with me one more time before you move away. | 那在你搬走之前要再和我出来一次 |
[33:46] | If you don’t laugh, | 如果你没笑 我就知道我俩并不合适 |
[33:49] | I will know we’re incompatible and gladly give up. | 我很乐意放手 |
[33:51] | That must be one hell of a joke. | 那肯定是个超好笑的笑话 |
[33:52] | It’s the funniest in human history. | 是人类历史上最好笑的 |
[33:54] | But it’s subtle, sophisticated… | 但它是很隐晦生涩的… |
[33:56] | so you probably won’t even get it. | 所以你可能没法理解笑点 |
[33:59] | Yeah, probably not. | 对 有可能 |
[34:01] | Do you like baseball? | 你喜欢棒球吗 |
[34:02] | Yeah, I love it. Good. | 嗯 我喜欢 很好 |
[34:06] | One day at Fenway Park… | 一天在芬威公园 |
[34:08] | Ted Williams… do you know who he was? | 泰德·威廉姆斯…你知道他是谁吗 |
[34:11] | Hmm, the thumper. Batting average 344, right? | 嗯 那个击球手 平均得分344 对吗 |
[34:15] | What? Yeah. That Ted Williams. | 什么 对 是泰德·威廉姆斯 |
[34:18] | Anyway, he’s hanging around Fenway… | 不管怎么样 他在芬威公园闲逛 |
[34:21] | and this horse walks up and says:”I wanna play for the SOCKS “. | 一匹马走过来说”我想为红袜队效力” |
[34:23] | An actual horse! An actual horse. | 一匹真正的马 一匹真正的马 |
[34:26] | So Ted’s like, Okay, what can you do? | 接着他这么问道 你能干什么呢 |
[34:28] | And the horse says,”I hit just like you, | 那匹马回答”我可以像你一样击球 |
[34:30] | only a whole lot better”. | 比你做得更好” |
[34:31] | So he picks up a bat with his teeth and Ted’s like, “Okay”. | 于是他轻松地用牙齿拾起球拍”好的”这么说了句 |
[34:35] | He throws him a few and sure enough… | 然后他给它扔了几个球 |
[34:40] | into the bleachers. | 无一例外的 都打到了看台上 |
[34:42] | So Ted is like Woo! | 泰德就”Woo”的叫起来 |
[34:46] | What else can you do? | 你还会干些什么 马回答说 |
[34:47] | And the horse says: “Well I can play short stalk” | “我可以当个游球手 |
[34:48] | So Ted hits him a few ground balls… | 接着泰德就给它扔了几个地面球 |
[34:51] | And sure enough. | 无一例外的 |
[34:52] | He’s a vacuum cleaner | 他就像个吸尘器一样 |
[34:54] | Yeah! So Ted’s like:”Woo, can you pitch?” | 耶 泰德接着说”这么一说你是个投球手了” |
[34:58] | And the horse just looks at him and says: | 那匹马只是看着他说 |
[35:01] | “Pitch? Who ever heard a horse pitching” | “投球 谁听过有马投球的啊” |
[35:09] | Yeah! | 耶 |
[35:11] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[35:12] | Ladies and gentlemen, the lady has been conquered. | 女士们先生们 这位女士笑了 |
[35:18] | That’s the worst joke I’ve ever heard in my entire life. | 这是我听过最糟糕的一个笑话 |
[35:21] | Thank you. It wasn’t a compliment. | 谢谢 那可不是恭维 |
[35:23] | Dinner. Tuesday my place. 303-18 Street. | 周二到我那儿吃晚饭 18街303号 |
[35:28] | 8 ‘o clock. | 8点 |
[35:31] | Fine. | 好 |
[35:43] | Good morning, Miss Larson. Good to see you again. | 早上好 劳森女士 很高兴再次见到你 |
[35:45] | Good morning. So what can we do for you today? | 早上好 我们今天能为您做点什么 |
[35:48] | I want to add another signee to my account. | 我想在我的账户上再加个联合署名 |
[35:50] | May I ask the reason? I will be traveling for a while. | 我能问问为什么吗 我将要出去旅游一段时间 |
[35:54] | Traveling? | 旅行吗 |
[35:56] | Ok, I’ll get the paperwork. I’ll be right back. | 好的 我去拿文件 很快回来 |
[36:14] | All these companies rate very highly with us. | 这些是我们十分看好的公司 |
[36:17] | What this? The Haloid Photographic Company? | 这是什么 哈罗德摄影公司 |
[36:19] | They have been around 50 years. They make photo paper and equipment. | 它成立五十年了 他们生产相纸和摄像设备 |
[36:22] | They are developing something called electro photography. | 他们在生产一种叫电子摄影的东西 |
[36:25] | Could revolutionize the business. | 将会给摄影行业带来改革 |
[36:27] | But you won’t see any immediate returns. | 但是短期不会有什么回报 |
[36:28] | It could be a few years away. That’s alright. | 大概需要几年的时间 没关系 |
[36:31] | I’d hate to see you tied up your money. | 我不希望你的钱被套在那上面 |
[36:34] | I am patient. | 我很有耐心 |
[36:36] | What do you know? They changed their names. | 你知道些什么 他们改了名字 |
[36:38] | They are now called… | 现在他们叫… |
[36:42] | What the heck? it Starts with an “X”… | 见鬼”X”开头的 |
[36:45] | It is Greek. It’s pronounced: “Xerox”. | 是希腊语 这么发音的 |
[36:48] | Xerox? | Xerox吗 |
[36:51] | So, we can start with the signature card. | 那我们可以从签名卡开始 |
[36:55] | What is the name of the co-signer? Susan Fleisher. | 要加上谁的名字 苏珊·费莱彻 |
[36:58] | Susan F-l-e… | 苏珊 F-l-e |
[37:00] | i-s-h-e-r i-s-h-e-r. | |
[37:06] | Now, I made you some salmon. | 现在我给你做些三文鱼 |
[37:08] | This no eating nonsense just won’t do if you are gonna be a proper farm dog. | 如果你是个合格的牧场犬的话是能说不想吃这种蠢话的哦 |
[37:13] | I want you to eat every last bite. Do you understand me? | 我希望你能吃完 懂我的意思吗 |
[37:19] | Alright. | 好的 |
[37:20] | Here we go. | 就这样 |
[37:48] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[37:50] | Ellis? | 埃利斯 |
[37:56] | Am I interrupting? Hey! | 我打扰到你了吗 嘿 |
[38:00] | -I was afraid you got cold feet. -No, just trouble getting a cab. | -我还怕你临阵脱逃 -没有 刚刚没打到车 |
[38:04] | Hey. Hi. | 嘿 你好 |
[38:09] | Can I take your coat? | 我帮你把外套挂起来吧 |
[38:11] | Okay. | 好的 |
[38:16] | Hmmm. Your place it’s, ah… | 嗯 你家 呃 |
[38:18] | -Unfinished? -Yes! | -还没装修完吗 -是的 |
[38:20] | Ah, I noticed that part. Is that an artistic choice? | 啊 我注意到了这个 出于艺术性的选择吗 |
[38:25] | No. | 不是 |
[38:26] | I have to paint, plaster | 我需要刷漆 涂墙泥 |
[38:28] | and do all the wiring stuff… | 搞定所有的线路工作 |
[38:30] | but I’m doing it all by myself. | 但是都是我自己做的 |
[38:32] | So, it’s gonna take a little while. | 所以需要一点儿时间完成 |
[38:34] | I think, your food is burning. | 我觉得 你的食物要烧糊了 |
[38:42] | Just, eh, make yourself comfortable. | 额 请自便 |
[38:44] | Sit down, relax. | 坐下来 放轻松 |
[38:46] | Okay. | 好的 |
[38:51] | What is it… that you are cooking? | 那是…你在煮什么 |
[38:55] | Well it’s a delicacy which to be honestly is not for everyone. | 那可不是人人都能吃到的美味佳肴 |
[39:02] | Hope you like it. | 希望你喜欢 |
[39:04] | Are you ready? Would you like a drum roll? | 准备好了吗 喜欢打击乐吗 |
[39:09] | Vi-o-la | 当当当当 |
[39:11] | It was between this and stuffed quail. | 这里面的填充料是鹌鹑肉 |
[39:14] | Please do not tell me you’re disappointed. | 千万别说你很失望 |
[39:16] | -I…I’m truly overjoyed! -Yes! | -这真的出乎我的意料 -太好啦 |
[39:20] | -Dig in. -Okay. | -吃吧 -好的 |
[39:27] | Well? It’s perfect, just the music is painful. | 一切都很不错啦 就是音乐太忧桑了 |
[39:31] | -You don’t like jazz? -No, I love Jazz. | 你不喜欢爵士乐吗 -不 我很喜欢 |
[39:33] | This is something else. | 与这无关啦 |
[39:39] | My mom grew up in Maine. She’s is a real New Englander. | 我妈在缅因州长大的 她是个真正的新英格兰人 |
[39:42] | Sweet but tough as nails. | 美丽而坚强 |
[39:46] | My dad, on the other hand | 从另一方面说 我爸 |
[39:49] | has his head in the stars. Literally. | 他一直围着星星转 字面上的意思 |
[39:52] | He’s an astronomer. | 他是个天文学家 |
[39:54] | Just retired from Stanford. | 刚从斯坦福退休 |
[39:57] | His claim to fame was that he discovered an unusual comet. | 他出名是因为发现了一颗不寻常的彗星 |
[40:01] | Unusual, in what way? | 为什么不寻常呢 |
[40:03] | Well it has a mathematically perfect perigee. | 它有个数学上完美的近地点 |
[40:05] | So based on his calculation, | 根据他的计算 |
[40:07] | it will pass by Earth in the winter of 1981. | 这个彗星会在1981年经过地球 |
[40:11] | -Did it? -No. | -有吗 -没有 |
[40:13] | No, it did not. | 没有啦 |
[40:17] | But that did not stop him from looking for it every year. | 但这并没有阻止他继续研究 |
[40:20] | It was a kind of ritual we had, that was what was growing up. | 这已经成为他的习惯了 |
[40:24] | My dad is still looking. | 我爸仍然在寻找 |
[40:29] | Well one more glass of wine and I’m may see it. | 最后一杯 我没准就能看到 |
[40:35] | Oh! No, no thank you.Please. | 哦 不 谢谢 真不用了 |
[40:37] | Oh! Come on. You know there was a saying in Italy… | 得了吧 有句意大利语说的好 |
[40:44] | “Years, lovers, wine cups…” | 时间 爱人 杯中酒 |
[40:49] | “years, lovers and glasses or wine… | 唯有时间 美人和杯中酒 |
[40:52] | these are things that you’d never be counted” | 不可辜负 |
[40:57] | You have no idea. | 你真厉害 |
[41:04] | I like your view. | 我喜欢你的风景 |
[41:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:11] | I like the way you read. | 我喜欢你读书的方式 |
[41:15] | What? | 什么 |
[41:16] | The first time I saw you, | 我第一次见你是在董事会开完 |
[41:18] | coming out of a board meeting, you were reading. | 你在读书 |
[41:22] | Your hair was pulled back and you were wearing a blue dress. | 你的头发往后梳还穿了一条蓝裙子 |
[41:27] | It was a book in Braille. I slowed down to watch. | 书是用盲文写的 所以我放慢脚步看着你 |
[41:30] | How long did you watch for? | 你看了我多久 |
[41:32] | Long enough to realize you weren’t blind. | 很久很久直到确信你不是盲人 |
[41:35] | And that I had to meet you. | 我一定要找到你 |
[41:37] | And I did not know when or how, | 却不知道怎么找你 什么时候才能找到你 |
[41:40] | but I knew I would. | 但我知道我能 |
[41:52] | I think I, ah… | 我觉得我 嗯 |
[41:55] | I think I remember that day. | 我应该想起那一天了 |
[41:59] | Yes, it was a book in Norwegian. | 是的 那书是挪威人写的 |
[42:02] | And because of all the umlaut, the vowels… | 因为有元音还有变音之类的 |
[42:03] | that made it nearly impossible to comprehend. | 让书变得很难理解 |
[42:07] | -You’re kidding. -Yes. | -你在开玩笑吧 -被你发现啦 |
[42:10] | -Are you kidding? -Yes, yes of course. | -你绝对在开玩笑 -当然是开玩笑的 |
[42:13] | It was braille for beginners. | 是盲文入门书 |
[42:15] | Nursery rhymes or something. | 大概是关于儿歌童谣的 |
[42:24] | You could tell me anything you want and I’ll believe it. | 你告诉我的我都会信的 |
[42:27] | I know almost nothing about you. | 我基本对你一无所知 |
[42:31] | It’s better this way. | 这样才比较好 |
[42:37] | No, it’s not. | 才不是呢 |
[43:01] | Tell me something I can hold on to forever and never let go? | 告诉我一些能让我绝不放手的事情 |
[43:10] | Let go. | 随他去吧 |
[44:00] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[44:04] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[44:11] | Ok, move your arms. Some of us work for a living. | 挪开你的手啦 我们中总有一个要去赚钱养家的 |
[44:15] | Oh! Okay, I get it. You are holding me hostage. | 哦 好吧 我知道啦 我成你的人质了嘛 |
[44:23] | Will you ever come back? | 你还会回来吗 |
[44:33] | You sure there’s no one there | 你确定你旁边 |
[44:34] | who speaks English, or even Spanish? | 没人会说英语或西班牙语吗 |
[44:37] | No, no. | 没有 |
[44:37] | We want it all | 我们都想要 |
[44:42] | I have to go. Hold on, hold on. | 我得走了 等等 等等 |
[44:43] | Give me a second, okay? | 等我一下 好吗 |
[44:45] | Give me a second, I’m trying to deal this in Portuguese. | 就一下 我尝试用葡萄牙语搞定它 |
[44:48] | I can’t. | 不行 |
[44:52] | What are you trying to say? | 你想说什么 |
[44:53] | The rain forest trust funds to buy 5,000 acres. | 热带雨林通过基金会要买5000亩 |
[44:57] | Hmm, well you are not even close. | 你还差得远呢 |
[44:59] | Here. | 给你 |
[45:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[45:12] | I’m late for work. | 我要迟到了 |
[45:13] | Wait. That’s it? | 等等 就这样吗 |
[45:15] | Let go. | 就这样啦 |
[45:51] | It’s a $1.50, Ma’am. | 女士 总共1 5刀 |
[46:04] | Ma’am? | 女士 |
[46:05] | I changed my mind. Just keep driving please. | 我改变主意了 麻烦继续开 |
[46:08] | You got it. | 好的 |
[47:03] | Reese. | 里斯 |
[47:05] | Reese? | 里斯 |
[47:15] | Baby, are you okay? | 亲爱的 你还好吗 |
[47:20] | Are you okay, baby? | 亲爱的 你怎么了 |
[47:23] | His urine creatinine levels are way too high. | 它尿液里的肌酸酶含量太高了 |
[47:27] | Which means his kidneys are failing. | 肾脏正在衰竭 |
[47:28] | The toxins are building up and his body can’t handle it. | 毒素在体内积累 他身体不能正常排毒 |
[47:32] | Is he in pain? | 他现在难受吗 |
[47:35] | It’s difficult to say. | 这很难说 |
[47:38] | If you were me,what would you do? | 如果你是我 你会怎么做 |
[47:45] | I will be thinking about | 我会想 |
[47:49] | what a wonderful life he’s had. | 它拥有过多么美好的生活 |
[47:53] | How lucky you are, to have found each other. | 你们是多么幸运能拥有彼此 |
[48:06] | May I have a moment alone with him, please? | 我能和他单独呆一会吗 |
[48:09] | Of course. | 当然可以 |
[48:48] | Hey Jenny! This is Ellis. I tried you a couple of times. | 嗨 珍妮 我是埃利斯 我给你打了几次电话 |
[48:52] | Hope you got my messages. Call me back. | 希望你看到我发的消息 回我电话 |
[50:53] | Jenny! | 珍妮 |
[50:56] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里干什么 |
[50:58] | I tried to call you, but | 我给你打过电话 但是 |
[51:00] | How did you get my address? | 你是怎么知道我的地址的 |
[51:04] | Ahh, the library. | 图书馆里 |
[51:07] | Come on, don’t be upset. I didn’t know what else to do. | 别沮丧呀 我不知道还有别的什么能做的了 |
[51:15] | My dog, I had to | 我的狗狗 我必须 |
[51:18] | -I had to put him down. -Oh! I’m so sorry to hear that. | -我要把他好好安葬 -哦 真是抱歉 |
[51:22] | You should have waited for me to contact you. | 你应该等我联系你的 |
[51:24] | Umm, Jenny, I | 嗯 珍妮 我 |
[51:24] | There’s a reason I don’t give out my address. | 我不给你地址是有原因的 |
[51:27] | I’m sorry, honestly. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[51:29] | This isn’t going to work, I’m moving. | 没用的 我要搬走了 |
[51:31] | Are you serious? | 你来真的 |
[51:37] | Hi, for you. | 嗨 给你的 |
[51:58] | Barbara Ireland before she moved to Florida… | 芭芭拉·爱尔兰去佛罗里达前 |
[52:02] | she got rid of all her books. | 她把她的书全扔了 |
[52:05] | I could no sooner get rid of this book then I could… | 我估计很快就把这些书扔了 然后我就能… |
[52:14] | Well, looks I’m not the only one getting nostalgic. | 看起来并不是只有我一个很怀旧啊 |
[52:18] | You’ve had such a wonderful life. | 你有过如此绚丽的人生 |
[52:21] | I would have liked to think so. | 我也这么觉得 |
[52:25] | I just wished you had | 我就是觉得你 |
[52:27] | you know, she could have been there for more of it. | 你懂的 她本来能在那里呆更久的 |
[52:30] | So do I. | 我也是这么想的 |
[52:35] | Remember that? | 还记得这个吗 |
[52:36] | 1954 I was a junior in college. | 1954年我大三的时候 |
[52:40] | It’s the last photo I have of you. | 这是我和你最后一次拍的照片 |
[52:43] | Well you seen one, you seen ’em all. | 观其一 晓全局 |
[52:46] | It’s true. | 这倒是真的 |
[52:54] | What is it? | 这是什么 |
[52:56] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[52:58] | I’m just tired of running | 我只是倦了 |
[53:02] | of lying to good people. | 对好人撒谎 |
[53:06] | Then stop. | 那就别这样了 |
[53:08] | Nobody is chasing you anymore. | 没有人再追捕你了 |
[53:11] | Anyone who has ever been suspicious is long dead. | 任何对你有过怀疑的都死了 |
[53:15] | You don’t have tobe alone forever. | 你没必要一辈子一个人 |
[53:18] | Don’t you miss having someone to love? | 难道你不怀念有人爱的日子吗 |
[53:21] | It’s been such a long time. | 都已经过去很久了 |
[53:23] | It’s not the same when there’s no future. | 这不一样 尤其当你没有未来的时候 |
[53:26] | What are you talking about? You got nothing but future! | 你在说些什么 你有的就是未来 |
[53:28] | I mean a future together,growing old together. | 我指的是可以在一起 能一起变老的未来 |
[53:33] | Without that, love is | 若没有这个 爱只是 |
[53:37] | it’s just heartbreak. | 徒让人伤心而已 |
[53:38] | It’s the same for everybody. | 每个人都一样 |
[53:41] | How many times have my heart been broken? | 我的心都碎了多少次了 |
[53:44] | Too many. | 实在太多次了 |
[53:46] | If I had your looks and your energy, I’d fallen in love tomorrow. | 如果我有你的外貌和激情 我马上就坠入爱河了 |
[53:49] | I really would. | 真的会哦 |
[53:52] | I did meet someone. | 我确实遇到了某个人 |
[53:54] | What? | 什么 |
[53:55] | No, on New Year’s Eve. He jumped in my elevator. | 是在平安夜遇到的 他跳进了我的电梯 |
[53:58] | Why didn’t you tell me? Because I knew you would look at me like that. | 你为什么不告诉我 因为我知道你会有这副表情 |
[54:03] | Don’t get too excited. I, ah… I told him to leave me alone. | 别太激动了 嗯 我告诉他离我远点了 |
[54:08] | I was horrible. Cruel. | 我太狠心了 |
[54:12] | Tell him you’re sorry. Tell him you made a mistake. | 跟他说你错了 |
[54:15] | I can’t. I’m leaving. | 不行 我要离开了 |
[54:17] | You’re moving to Oregon, not Timbuktu. | 你只是搬到俄勒冈州 又不是廷巴图克 |
[54:23] | Come on. | 去吧 |
[54:25] | If you won’t do it for yourself, do it for me. | 就算你不为你自己考虑 也请为了我 |
[54:28] | Please? | 好吗 |
[54:41] | Hello? | 你好 |
[54:42] | Can I help you? | 需要帮忙吗 |
[54:44] | I’m here to see Ellis Jones. He’s not expecting me. | 我是来找埃利斯·琼斯的 尽管他不会想见我 |
[54:48] | Well let’s see what we can do about that. | 我帮你试试吧 |
[54:52] | And you are? | 那你… |
[54:54] | Incredibly sorry. | 表示很抱歉 |
[54:57] | Mr.Jones, you got a guest down here. | 琼斯先生 有一位客人要找你 |
[55:00] | I bet you got a name. | 你肯定有名字的吧 |
[55:02] | Jennifer Larson. | 珍妮弗·劳森 |
[55:04] | Please, tell him I understand if he doesn’t want to see me. | 请告诉他如果他不想见我 我能理解 |
[55:08] | I’m here just to say I’m sorry… | 我来只是想说我很抱歉 |
[55:10] | and that my life has been unbelievable… | 而我的生活也是不可思议的 |
[55:15] | since longer than he can imagine. | 这种生活持续的时间远比他想象的长 |
[55:18] | And I was emotional, the other day…. | 那天我又很情绪化 |
[55:20] | And… | 还有 |
[55:23] | Now realize how incredible kind to me, he’s been… | 现在我意识到了他对我有多重要 |
[55:25] | and I was too stupid to accept it. | 而我竟然愚蠢地没有认识到这一点 |
[55:29] | But I know better now… | 但是我现在知道了 |
[55:32] | and… that’s why I wanted to tell him how sincerely sorry I am. | 还有我想告诉他我真的很抱歉 |
[55:37] | -Okay. -And… ask him if he can come downstairs maybe? | -好了 -再问问他能不能下楼来 |
[55:41] | Let me make it up to him by taking him out tonight. | 然后给我一个带他出去来补偿他的机会 |
[55:46] | Please. | 谢谢 |
[55:49] | Ah, it’s Jennifer Larson. She says she understands that if you don’t… | 珍妮弗·劳森 她说她理解你不… |
[55:54] | Oh, you heard that? Ok, good. | 你都听到了啊 那好 |
[55:58] | He wants to know where you are taking him? | 他想知道你想带他去哪儿 |
[56:01] | Some place he’s never been before. | 一个他从来没去过的地方 |
[56:30] | -Hello. -Hey Jenny. | -你好 -你好 珍妮 |
[56:32] | Come. | 来吧 |
[56:41] | Alright. You don’t actually think, | 你不会的以为 |
[56:42] | this is my first chop shop do you? | 这是我第一次来地下拆车厂吧 |
[56:45] | Oh! Be quiet. There’s more here that meets the eye. | 安静点 待会儿有你好看的 |
[56:49] | This used to be | 这以前是 |
[56:50] | one of the popular picture houses in the city. | 这个城市里面最受欢迎的影像展示厅之一 |
[56:54] | -Movie theater? -Yes. | -就是电影院吗 -是的 |
[56:58] | In the 1930s, | 在20世纪30年代 |
[56:58] | a woman named Mary Elizabeth Woods… | 一位叫玛丽·伊丽莎白·伍兹的女人 |
[57:01] | read about a chemical magnate | 看到了关于一位化学业大亨的故事 |
[57:02] | who created a drive-in theater… | 他开了第一家汽车影院 |
[57:05] | in Camden, New Jersey. | 在新泽西的卡姆登市 |
[57:06] | And, so naturally she needed one of her own in San Francisco. | 然后她也想在旧金山开一家她自己的汽车影院 |
[57:10] | Everyone thought she was crazy,a loony, which she was! | 所有人都觉得她疯了 她确实疯了 |
[57:14] | She would sleep with anyone who was her husband. | 她有过很多任丈夫 |
[57:15] | And she used to put down her hairs | 而她就甩甩头发 |
[57:16] | like she was better than everyone else. | 好像她是世界上最优秀的人 |
[57:18] | In fact… | 但事实上 |
[57:21] | anyway. | 好吧 |
[57:23] | Because of local ordinances | 但是由于当地法规 |
[57:25] | she couldn’t have an open air theater. | 她开不了露天影院了 |
[57:27] | So she brought all the car in here. | 然后她就买下了这里所有的车 |
[57:29] | That’s the screen,right there! | 那个就是屏幕了 |
[57:32] | It was spectacular… I imagine. | 我觉得这真的特别棒 |
[57:39] | Are you ready for the best part? | 你准备好欣赏最棒的部分了吗 |
[57:41] | Sure. | 当然 |
[57:42] | Okay. Look up. | 好吧 看上面 |
[57:54] | She had photo illuminescent filaments installed. | 她安装了灯丝来照亮屏幕 |
[58:00] | They took the time to create the constellations. | 她花了好长时间来制作成星座 |
[58:05] | Isn’t it beautiful? | 是不是很漂亮 |
[58:11] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[58:22] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[58:24] | Come on. | 过来 |
[58:38] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[58:40] | The great paradox of all this is that… | 现在最大的悖论就是 |
[58:43] | the better our instruments get… | 我们的仪器设备越先进 |
[58:45] | the farther we can see… | 我们就能看得更远 |
[58:48] | but not into the future, into the past. | 但不是看未来 而是看过去 |
[58:52] | The events that light hasn’t even reached us yet. | 看到那些连光都无法企及的地方 |
[58:54] | I don’t think I’ll ever understand | 我无法理解 |
[58:56] | why so few people care about history? | 为什么会关心历史的人那么少 |
[58:58] | The future has its charms too. | 未来也很有魅力啊 |
[59:03] | We could talk about ours. | 我们该谈谈我们了 |
[59:07] | Ellis… | 艾利斯 |
[59:08] | Not the distant future. | 不是遥远的未来 |
[59:11] | -Talking about this weekend. -What did you have in mind? | -就谈谈这周末 -你想干点什么 |
[59:16] | My parents are having a party | 我父母会有一个聚会 |
[59:17] | to celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary. | 来庆祝他们结婚40周年 |
[59:20] | It’s just a couple of hours from here. | 离这儿就几个小时车程 |
[59:25] | Come with me. | 跟我一起去吧 |
[59:42] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[59:45] | Can I drive? | 能让我开车吗 |
[59:55] | Oh My God! | 天哪 |
[59:56] | You know you rarely see a Saab in the Daytona 500. | 你知道代托纳500很少有萨博汽车吧 |
[1:00:00] | There’s a reason for that. | 这是有原因的 |
[1:00:02] | Equivocally, you might wanna consider occasional… | 你可能会想偶尔 |
[1:00:04] | tapping that square pedal by your foot. | 踩一下你脚边那个方形踏板 |
[1:00:06] | I do not know what you’re talking about. | 我不懂你想说些什么 |
[1:00:10] | Oh my God! | 天啊 |
[1:00:13] | Sorry! | 抱歉 |
[1:00:15] | What’s wrong with you? | 你怎么了 |
[1:00:24] | Do me a favor. Stop to pick her up. | 帮我个忙 停下让她上车 |
[1:00:26] | Uh! I rather not get stabbed! | 我才不想被戳一刀呢 |
[1:00:29] | That’s my sister. | 那是我姐姐 |
[1:00:35] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[1:00:41] | -What’s up,pussy cat? -Need a ride? | -咋了 小野猫 -要我送你吗 |
[1:00:44] | What does it look like? | 你觉得呢 |
[1:00:49] | -How are you? -Well, hello. | -你好吗 -很好 |
[1:00:52] | Get out! Still driving a Saab, huh? | 出来 还在开萨博啊 |
[1:00:55] | Yeah good seeing you too! Hey! | 我也很高兴见到你 |
[1:00:57] | Kikki, this is Jenny. | 琦琦 这是珍妮 |
[1:00:59] | Jenny, this is my sister. | 珍妮 这是我姐姐 |
[1:01:01] | -Nice to meet you. -Nice to meet you. | -很高兴见到你 -很高兴见到你 |
[1:01:03] | You should have told us you are taking the bus. | 你应该早说你要坐公交 |
[1:01:05] | We’ll pick you up at the station. | 我们就可以在车站接你了 |
[1:01:07] | I stopped using telephones two months ago. | 我已经两个月没用过手机了 |
[1:01:10] | Any particular reason? | 有什么原因吗 |
[1:01:12] | To protest | 为了抗议 |
[1:01:13] | the involvement of telecomm firms in the development… | 电话公司参与 |
[1:01:15] | of hi-tech weapon systems. | 高科技武器系统的发展 |
[1:01:19] | Kikki graduated from Berkeley. | 琦琦是伯克利大学毕业的 |
[1:01:22] | So this is the new one, huh? | 这是你的新女朋友咯 |
[1:01:26] | Have you done him yet? | 你把他搞定了吗 |
[1:01:29] | Yes, ten minutes ago, right where you are sitting. | 有 十分钟之前在你坐的地方 |
[1:01:35] | So what’s the story with this girl? | 所以这个女孩是怎么回事 |
[1:01:37] | She works there? | 她在那儿工作吗 |
[1:01:39] | I’ve told you everything Ellis told me. | 我把埃利斯告诉我的都告诉你了 |
[1:01:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:01:46] | Beautiful girl… | 漂亮的女孩 |
[1:01:49] | works in a public library. | 在公共图书馆工作 |
[1:01:52] | Maybe she likes books and silence. | 她可能是喜欢书本和安静吧 |
[1:01:55] | Or maybe she Google’d him… | 或者她谷歌到他的 |
[1:01:56] | and found out | 然后发现了他的 |
[1:01:57] | about his generous contributions and then… | 慷慨的捐献 然后就 |
[1:02:00] | worked her way in there and so she can get her hooks into him. | 在那儿工作等着他上钩 |
[1:02:03] | I bet that’s it. | 我觉得是这样 |
[1:02:05] | Shouldn’t they be here by now? You clear the table. | 他们现在该到了吧 你快去清理下桌子 |
[1:02:18] | They are here! | 他们到了 |
[1:02:22] | How do I look? | 我看起来怎么样 |
[1:02:25] | Very pretty. | 很漂亮 |
[1:02:32] | Oh! There you are… | 你们来了 |
[1:02:33] | Hey, Mom. | 妈妈您好 |
[1:02:35] | Aw Honey! You look great. | 亲爱的 你看起来很好 |
[1:02:37] | Look who we picked up on the way. | 看我们在路上把谁捎来了 |
[1:02:40] | Hi. Hey, baby. | 嗨 宝贝 |
[1:02:42] | -So, this is Jenny. -Hello. | -这就是珍妮了 -你好 |
[1:02:45] | -So nice to meet you. -Nice to meet you. | -见到你真开心 -我也是 |
[1:02:47] | You must be exhausted after your trip. | 你们开这么久车一定很累了 |
[1:02:49] | No, it was nothing. | 没有的事 |
[1:02:50] | We did it in like 18 minutes. | 我们大概只用了18分钟 |
[1:02:52] | No I’m not amused. | 我才不会开心呢 |
[1:02:54] | He knows I hate it when he speeds. | 他知道我最讨厌他超速行驶了 |
[1:02:57] | It wasn’t me, it was Jenny. | 不是我开的 是珍妮开的 |
[1:02:58] | I swear, she thinks she has nine lives. | 我发誓 她觉得她自己有九条命 |
[1:03:00] | Let me take your coat. | 衣服给我吧 |
[1:03:02] | Okay. Thank you. | 好吧 谢谢 |
[1:03:03] | Where have you been? Forget where we live? | 你们这么久去哪儿了 忘记我们住哪儿了吗 |
[1:03:05] | No. | 没有 |
[1:03:07] | Am, this is my dad, William. | 只是我爸爸 威廉 |
[1:03:09] | Dad, this is… | 爸 这是 |
[1:03:11] | Adaline. | 阿黛琳 |
[1:03:19] | Jenny, actually. | 我是珍妮 |
[1:03:25] | Dad, you okay? | 爸 你还好吗 |
[1:03:29] | I’m sorry, it’s just… | 抱歉 我只是 |
[1:03:32] | you’re exactly like this old friend of mine that I… | 你很像我一个老朋友 |
[1:03:36] | Adaline Bowman. | 阿黛琳·鲍曼 |
[1:03:40] | That’s my mother. | 她是我母亲 |
[1:03:43] | You joking? Really? | 真的吗 |
[1:03:45] | -Yes. -Oh my gosh! | -是的 -天哪 |
[1:03:47] | Did you know her? | 您认识她吗 |
[1:03:52] | Yeah! Yeah! | 对 认识 |
[1:03:55] | We were very close. | 我们曾经关系很好 |
[1:03:58] | I, I knew her in London. | 我是在伦敦认识她的 |
[1:04:00] | Yes, yes she lived there in the 60s. | 对 她60年代的时候在那儿住过 |
[1:04:03] | Right before she, ah… | 就在她… |
[1:04:04] | moved to Paris and met my father. | 就搬到伦敦 遇到了我父亲 |
[1:04:08] | It is incredible. What are the odds! | 这太不可思议了 机率该有多小呀 |
[1:04:10] | Wow, wow. | 哇 |
[1:04:12] | The resemblance is absolutely amazing. You must hear it all the time. | 你们长得真像 你一定经常听别人这么说吧 |
[1:04:17] | For as long as I can remember. | 从我能记事开始别人就这么说 |
[1:04:19] | Wow! We were very close. | 我和你母亲关系非常好 |
[1:04:21] | You’ve said that already, honey. | 你已经说过了 亲爱的 |
[1:04:23] | I don’t believe you’ve ever mentioned her. | 你以前没有提到过她呀 |
[1:04:25] | -Oh, yeah, I have. -No, no. | -噢 我有提到过 -没有 |
[1:04:27] | -I remember your close close friends. -How she doin’? | -你的好朋友我都记得 -她现在还好吗 |
[1:04:34] | She passed away. | 她过世了 |
[1:04:37] | Six years ago. | 六年前过世了 |
[1:04:39] | No. Really? | 不 真的吗 |
[1:04:42] | Oh! I’m so sorry. | 噢 我很遗憾 |
[1:04:50] | An extraordinary woman. | 她是个非常优秀的女人 |
[1:04:52] | Yeah, it runs in the family. | 对 她把这点传给了家人 |
[1:05:01] | -Come on. You want something to eat? -Yeah. | -来 要吃点东西吗 -对 |
[1:05:02] | Yeah, I made cheesecake. | 对 我做了芝士蛋糕 |
[1:05:07] | We’re kinda tired actually. | 我们实际上有点累了 |
[1:05:09] | I think we’ll head up, if that’s ok with you? | 如果不介意的话 我们想先上楼 |
[1:05:12] | -Me too. -Really? | -我也是 -真的吗 |
[1:05:13] | Alright. I’ll have you in the back bedroom. | 好吧 你睡后边的卧室 |
[1:05:15] | Hi, you’re in the back. | 嘿 你住在最后面 |
[1:05:18] | Hey.Hey. | 嘿 |
[1:05:19] | So nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[1:05:21] | -Dad… -Oh, hey. | -爸…-噢 嘿 |
[1:05:24] | Hey, baby. | 嗨 宝贝 |
[1:06:26] | Miss. | 小姐 |
[1:06:29] | Miss. | 小姐 |
[1:06:31] | You know you keep doing that, you’re gonna fudge your engine. | 你要一直这样的话 你的引擎会坏的 |
[1:06:33] | Thank you, thank you for the useful tip. | 谢谢你的好心提醒 |
[1:06:36] | Well you’re gonna get one hell of a tan at least. | 你也会被晒黑的 |
[1:06:41] | I’m sorry, I’ve done everything I could to get this thing started. | 对不起 我已经想尽办法试着发动这玩意 |
[1:06:45] | Just… it won’t work. | 但…都不行 |
[1:06:49] | Alright, all it needs is a push start. | 好吧 只是需要人推一把 |
[1:06:52] | Just loose the brake, I’ll give you a push. | 你把刹车松开 我帮你推一把 |
[1:06:54] | Pop your clutch and you can take off. | 然后松开离合器 车子就能动了 |
[1:06:58] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:07:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:07:04] | -Ready? -Ready, you ready? | -准备好了吗 -准备好了 你呢 |
[1:07:06] | Okay. Okay. | 准备好了 |
[1:07:09] | Pin and pop your clutch. | 松开离合器 |
[1:07:13] | Thank you! | 谢谢你 |
[1:07:18] | You are welcome. | 不客气 |
[1:07:37] | They would spend the next five weeks together. | 在接下来的五个星期他们都呆在一起 |
[1:07:40] | And Adaline did something | 阿黛琳做了一些 |
[1:07:42] | that she had promised herself she would never do. | 她原本答应自己绝不会做的事 |
[1:07:44] | You know, you still haven’t told me your name? | 你还没告诉我你的名字呢 |
[1:07:49] | Adaline Bowman. | 我叫阿黛琳·鲍曼 |
[1:07:52] | -But my friends tell me “Della”. -That’s beautiful. | -但是我朋友都叫我”黛拉”-好美的名字 |
[1:07:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:07:58] | Three weeks later his semester completed… | 三个星期之后 威廉的学年结束 |
[1:08:01] | William flew home to The United States. | 回到美国的家中 |
[1:08:05] | Adaline, came with him. | 阿黛琳随他一起离开 |
[1:08:51] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[1:08:54] | How’d you sleep? | 睡得还好吗 |
[1:08:56] | -Fine. -Good. | -挺好的 -那就好 |
[1:09:05] | Sorry about last night, I didn’t mean to embarrass you, it’s just… | 昨晚的事情很抱歉 我不是想让你难堪 只是 |
[1:09:11] | Must be losing it. | 我没克制住 |
[1:09:14] | It’s ok. | 没事 |
[1:09:20] | Hey! When did you come up? | 嘿 你什么时候起来的 |
[1:09:23] | Not too late, I read for a while. Hmm… | 还不太晚 我读了会儿书 |
[1:09:28] | Hi, baby. | 早啊 宝贝 |
[1:09:30] | Where’s Jenny? She’ll be down in a sec. | 珍妮呢 她一会儿就下来 |
[1:09:33] | She was up all night, tossing and turning. | 她昨晚都没睡 一直辗转反侧的 |
[1:09:36] | You know you have never told us how you guys met. | 你都没跟我们讲你们是怎么认识的 |
[1:09:39] | We met in an elevator on New Year’s Eve. | 我们新年前夜在电梯里认识的 |
[1:09:43] | -You want some coffee? -No, thank you. | -要咖啡吗 -不了 谢谢 |
[1:09:46] | But I had seen her once before that. | 但是之前我有见过她 |
[1:09:49] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[1:09:50] | It was at the library, she was reading a book on Braille and I just… | 在图书馆里面 她在读带盲文的书 我就 |
[1:09:53] | I knew she wasn’t original. | 我知道她很不一般 |
[1:09:55] | Here you go baby. So was her mom. | 给你 亲爱的 她妈妈也如此 |
[1:09:58] | How did you meet her mother? | 你是怎么认识她妈吗的 |
[1:10:01] | It was outside London. | 在伦敦城外认识的 |
[1:10:03] | Her car broke down and I helped her fix it. | 她的车出毛病了 是我帮她修好的 |
[1:10:06] | -So she was English? Oh! -No,no she was just there studying French. | -那她是英国人吗 -不是 她只是在那学法语 |
[1:10:11] | -Spoke like what, four languages? -I think so. | -她会几门 四门语言对吗 -对 |
[1:10:14] | Wow. Yeah… | 哇 对 |
[1:10:15] | Jenny is brilliant with languages too. Really? | 珍妮也很精通各门语言 对吧 |
[1:10:18] | So old were you when you met her? | 认识她的时候你多大呀 |
[1:10:21] | Oh! I was about, Um… | 噢 我大概是 |
[1:10:23] | say, I was in second year of Med School, so I was like… | 当时是我在医学院的第二年 应该是 |
[1:10:26] | …26. | 26岁 |
[1:10:29] | I was thinkin’ of quitting medicine, I was bored. | 我当时想放弃读医 我觉得很无聊 |
[1:10:34] | But I was… | 但是我 |
[1:10:36] | I was afraid, I was too old to start over. | 我又很害怕 因为年纪到了我未必能重头开始 |
[1:10:40] | I told… | 我告诉了 |
[1:10:43] | I told Adaline about it and she laughed at my face. | 我把这些跟阿黛琳说了 她笑我 |
[1:10:46] | She said, “Go for it, don’t be silly.” | 她只是说”尽管去吧 别犯傻” |
[1:10:50] | Life is too short. | 人生实在太短暂了 |
[1:10:53] | If not for her, I probably wouldn’t have found astronomy, physics. | 如果不是她 我可能还不会发现天文 物理 |
[1:10:58] | She was only a couple of years older than I, but she was so wise. | 她就比我大几岁 但是她却很聪颖 |
[1:11:01] | And she was so… | 而且 |
[1:11:03] | So sophisticated. | 非常的成熟 |
[1:11:12] | She… | 她 |
[1:11:28] | -What? Honey! -That’s enough, William! | -怎么了 亲爱的 -够了 威廉 |
[1:11:31] | What, what’s going on? | 怎么啦 出什么事了 |
[1:11:33] | Oh! You think this is funny? | 天啊 你觉得这很有意思吗 |
[1:11:36] | What do you mean? What did…What did I do? | 你在说什么 我做什么了 |
[1:11:38] | You were very close, very close. You’ve said that twice now. | 你和她关系很好 非常的好 你都说了两次了 |
[1:11:43] | You should see your face when you talk about her. | 你就该看看你提到她的时候脸上那表情 |
[1:11:46] | Are you going to wax nostalgics the whole goddamn weekend? | 你整个周末都要抒发你的怀旧思念之情吗 |
[1:11:49] | Look, it’s just… | 这只是 |
[1:11:51] | she looks so much like her mother | 她跟她妈妈长的实在太像了 |
[1:11:53] | and then I’m remembering things that I… | 让我记起了一些 |
[1:11:55] | didn’t even I remembered. | 我以前都忘了的事情 |
[1:11:57] | Well I hate the feeling like a second choice. | 我讨厌这种当备胎的感觉 |
[1:11:59] | -What do you mean? -Especially this weekend. | -你在说什么啊 -尤其是这个周末 |
[1:12:01] | -Second choice? -Yes. | -备胎 -对 |
[1:12:03] | Forty years, baby. Come on… | 都四十年了 亲爱的 |
[1:12:06] | Second choice? No, no. | 备胎吗 才不是呢 |
[1:12:08] | Honey, you’re blowing this all out of proportion. | 亲爱的 你想的太复杂了 |
[1:12:11] | Am I? | 我有吗 |
[1:12:12] | Are you jealous? | 你在吃醋吗 |
[1:12:16] | Yeah, as a matter of fact. | 没错 |
[1:12:19] | Look, look… | 你要明白 |
[1:12:21] | It was fleeting, | 这都过去了 |
[1:12:24] | inconsequential. | 也不重要了 |
[1:12:28] | Sounded like you were more than that. | 但听起来好像没那么简单 |
[1:12:33] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[1:12:35] | -I love you too. -Come on. | -我也爱你 -来我这儿 |
[1:12:57] | I’m coming! | 我来啦 |
[1:13:00] | It’s not the most romantic weekend. | 这个周末不是最浪漫的 |
[1:13:03] | Thanks for being such a good sport. | 谢谢你能这么大度 |
[1:13:05] | -Of course! -I promise I’ll make it up to ya. | -当然啦 -我答应你我会补偿你 |
[1:13:21] | Sorry about my dad. It’s really embarrassing. | 我爸这样我很抱歉 这真的很尴尬 |
[1:13:25] | He’s lovely. | 他挺可爱的 |
[1:13:29] | Yeah, your mom must have really meant something. | 呃 你妈妈对他一定意味着些什么 |
[1:13:33] | Yes she was. | 没错 |
[1:13:42] | Kikki! | 琦琦 |
[1:13:45] | So, guys…I don’t know… | 好了 各位…我不知道 |
[1:13:46] | Dad is running a 47 game winning streak. | 我爸到现在还保持着47连胜的记录 |
[1:13:50] | All the money I spent on your education… | 我在你们的教育上花了那么多钱 |
[1:13:52] | I was hoping for stronger competition. | 希望你们不要让我孤独求败 |
[1:13:54] | -Have you played this before? -No never. | -你以前有玩过这个嘛 -没有 |
[1:13:56] | -Kikki, come on! -Do I have to? | -琦琦 快来 -我一定要参加吗 |
[1:13:59] | -Yeah! -Yes! | -对 -没错 |
[1:14:01] | The idea is to get enough of these little wedges… | 这个游戏要求我们凑齐所有楔子 |
[1:14:05] | -Pie! -They’re cheese. | -这是派 -这是奶酪 |
[1:14:07] | They’re wedges! | 他们是楔子 |
[1:14:08] | You gotta have enough of them to fill up your circle when you win. | 你把圆圈填满了就赢了 |
[1:14:11] | Ok? | 懂了吗 |
[1:14:12] | Most of the questions are about stupid stuff! | 大部分问题都很蠢 |
[1:14:15] | Hence the word “Trivial”. | 相比之下你才知道什么叫小巫见大巫 |
[1:14:16] | Yeah! Like here’s an example for you… Umm… | 呃 给你示范一下吧 |
[1:14:18] | “On June 22, 1938, this American boxer… | “1938年6月22日 这名美国拳击手 |
[1:14:22] | retained his heavyweight championship… | 仅在第一轮就打败马克斯·施梅林 |
[1:14:24] | when he beat Max Schmeling, in the first round”. | 蝉联重量级拳击冠军” |
[1:14:27] | -Well that is a tough one. -I know, what do you think? | -这个问题很难啊 -你觉得这个拳击手是谁 |
[1:14:34] | Sony Liston? | 索尼·利斯顿吗 |
[1:14:36] | -Joe Louis. -Good guess though, really. | -是乔·路易斯 -但是你猜的也挺好 |
[1:14:39] | Yeah, women and boxing. It’s cute. | 对 女人和拳击 太好玩了 |
[1:14:42] | Excuse me? You know what then? | 你说什么 你知道 那个是什么吗 |
[1:14:45] | You know what, finally ladies. We are on the team. | 好了 女士们 我们正式开始吧 |
[1:14:47] | -Here, roll the dice. -Well here we go. | -给你 扔骰子 -我们开始吧 |
[1:14:49] | Alright, here we go. | 好的 开始 |
[1:14:50] | Women are pink. | 女人不好惹啊 |
[1:14:52] | Women are pink? | 女人不好惹 |
[1:14:58] | Who is the first United States President to be born in a hospital. | 谁是美国第一个出生在医院的总统 |
[1:15:01] | Jimmy Carter. | 吉米·卡特 |
[1:15:07] | Jimmy Carter. | 吉米·卡特 |
[1:15:10] | It’s fast. | 太快了 |
[1:15:11] | -Beginners luck. -I do not think so! Try again. | -运气 -我不这么认为 再来一个 |
[1:15:17] | At what event did the ‘hula hula hoop’ make its debut? | 在哪次活动中呼啦圈首次亮相 |
[1:15:22] | In 1956, | 1956年 |
[1:15:23] | at the World’s Fair in Schenectady, New York. | 在纽约斯克内克塔迪举办的世界博览会 |
[1:15:30] | 1956 World’s Fair, | 纽约斯克内克塔迪举办的 |
[1:15:32] | Schnecdady, New York. | 1956年世界博览会 |
[1:15:33] | Oh My God. | 天哪 |
[1:15:36] | -Nice one! -Wow. | -太棒了 -哇哦 |
[1:15:39] | -Cheese. -Pie. | -奶酪 -派 |
[1:15:42] | Wedge. | 楔子 |
[1:15:46] | Alright, come on. Let’s do this. | 好的 接着来 |
[1:15:48] | -What, what a pressure? -Do you smell something? | -好多压力啊 -你闻到什么了没有 |
[1:15:50] | Like your winning streak going up in smoke? | 你的连胜纪录要被打破了吗 |
[1:15:54] | We used to have this family joke. | 我们家经常说这个笑话 |
[1:15:55] | What would happen first? Dad loses intrevial pursuit… | 首先将会发生什么 是老爸输了这个游戏… |
[1:15:59] | or Della finally appears? | 还是黛拉终于出现了 |
[1:16:03] | “Della”? | “黛拉” |
[1:16:04] | Yeah? You remember the comet I told you about, | 是啊 你记得我给你说过的 |
[1:16:06] | the one that my dad discovered ? | 那个我爸爸发现的彗星吗 |
[1:16:08] | He named it | 他把那个彗星命名为 |
[1:16:09] | “Della C 1981”. | “黛拉.C 1981” |
[1:16:11] | After my great Aunt Adele. | 纪念我伟大的姑妈阿黛尔 |
[1:16:14] | -Okay, let’s go! -Yeah? | -好啦 继续 -好吗 |
[1:16:16] | -Dad, Come on. -Here we go. | -来呀老爸 -开始 |
[1:16:19] | Jenny. | 珍妮 |
[1:16:21] | For the win. | 为了胜利 |
[1:16:24] | Of what country | 在1952年 哪个国家 |
[1:16:25] | was Albert Einstein offered… | 提名阿尔伯特·爱因斯坦 |
[1:16:27] | the presidency in 1952?” | 成为该国总统 |
[1:16:36] | Israel. | 以色列 |
[1:16:40] | Israel. | 以色列 |
[1:16:47] | It’s okay. We still love you. | 没关系 我们依然爱你 |
[1:16:49] | How does it feel dad? Are you sad? | 感觉怎么样老爸 你难过吗 |
[1:16:54] | I’m alright. | 我没事儿 |
[1:16:57] | Let’s look at page two, ok? | 看一下第二页 好吗 |
[1:16:59] | Section three, paragraph H. | 第三部分 第H段 |
[1:17:03] | -I’m sorry. -It’s okay, I’m going for a walk. | -我很抱歉 -没关系 我去散步了 |
[1:17:05] | OK. | 好的 |
[1:17:13] | Yes, lets look at page 10. | 好 再翻到第十页 |
[1:17:36] | How many stars you think there are in our galaxy? | 你觉得我们的银河系有多少星星 |
[1:17:42] | I do not know. Five hundred million. | 我不知道 5亿颗吧 |
[1:17:45] | Coupla 100 billion. | 几千亿呢 |
[1:17:53] | Plato believed that… | 柏拉图相信 |
[1:17:56] | every soul has a companion star that returns to after death. | 每个人死后灵魂都会变成一颗星星 |
[1:18:01] | If he lived a moral life. | 如果他是一个有道德的人的话 |
[1:18:03] | You believe that? | 你相信吗 |
[1:18:06] | No, no. I’m a… | 不 不 我是一个 |
[1:18:08] | I am a scientist, Plato was a philosopher. | 我是一个科学家 柏拉图是一个哲学家 |
[1:18:12] | Poet. | 诗人 |
[1:18:20] | Why did you name the Comet after my mother? | 你为什么以我母亲的名字命名那颗彗星 |
[1:18:27] | If my calculations were correct, that turned out to be wrong… | 如果我计算正确的话 后来那个结论是错误的 |
[1:18:31] | it would have been the closest approach to the earth. | 那是200年里 |
[1:18:34] | of any comet, in… | 离地球最近的 |
[1:18:36] | 200 years. | 一颗彗星 |
[1:18:39] | In other words… | 换句话说 |
[1:18:41] | like your mother… | 就像你的妈妈 |
[1:18:44] | a near miss. | 擦肩而过 |
[1:18:48] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[1:18:54] | I was gonna propose to her. | 我那时打算向她求婚 |
[1:19:00] | I had… | 我… |
[1:19:02] | I had an engagement ring in my pocket. | 我买了订婚戒指放在我的口袋里 |
[1:19:08] | She stood me up. | 她没有来 |
[1:19:15] | A near miss. | 就差一点 |
[1:19:17] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[1:19:26] | William. | 威廉 |
[1:19:31] | She loved you too. | 她也爱过你 |
[1:19:55] | Wow. | 哇哦 |
[1:19:57] | Have we just met? Right? | 我们刚刚见面 对吗 |
[1:20:01] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[1:20:04] | Yeah, I should probably shut up right now. | 我现在应该闭嘴 |
[1:20:10] | I’ll just shut up. | 我不说话了 |
[1:20:12] | Come on, what? | 怎么啦 |
[1:20:19] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[1:20:20] | I, I just can’t tell you the truth. | 我 我不能告诉你真相 |
[1:20:25] | I cannot imagine my life without you. | 我不能想象没有你的生活会是什么样子 |
[1:20:28] | I know this is probably the last thing | 我知道这可能是你 |
[1:20:30] | you wanna hear right now. | 最不想听的话了 |
[1:20:34] | But I am falling in love with you, Jenny. | 但是我爱你 珍妮 |
[1:20:37] | I can not help it. | 我无法抗拒 |
[1:20:43] | I do not know what to say. | 我不知道该怎么说 |
[1:20:49] | I did not expect… | 我不期望 |
[1:20:51] | Please, don’t say anything, alright? | 拜托 什么都不要说 好吗 |
[1:20:53] | I just wanted you to know how I feel. | 我只是想让你知道我的感觉 |
[1:21:13] | Oh! Hello. | 你好 |
[1:21:14] | Jenny. | 珍妮 |
[1:21:17] | Do you know where everyone went? | 你知道大家都去哪儿了吗 |
[1:21:19] | Yeah, Kathy, Kikki went to the market | 是的 凯西 琦琦去市场了 |
[1:21:21] | and Ellis went for a run. | 埃利斯去跑步了 |
[1:21:23] | -Okay. -Hold on! You have a bug in your hair. | -好吧 -别动 你头发上有只虫子 |
[1:21:27] | -It’s ok. -What it is? | -没事 -这是什么 |
[1:21:28] | It’s a ladybug. | 这是一只瓢虫 |
[1:21:31] | They say they’re good luck. | 据说它象征着好运 |
[1:21:35] | Did you get it? | 你把它弄走了吗 |
[1:21:37] | -I got it. -Thank you. | -弄走了 -谢谢 |
[1:21:44] | Please tell Ellis, I went for a walk. | 请告诉埃利斯 我去散步了 |
[1:22:34] | -Della you ok? -Oh my God! | -黛拉你还好吗 -天哪 |
[1:22:53] | -This is gonna sting. -Ok. | -会有一点痛 -好的 |
[1:23:06] | Don’t worry, I’ll fix you. Okay. | 不要担心 我会治好你的 好吗 |
[1:23:13] | Oh! Oh! | 哦 哦 |
[1:23:41] | Excuse me. Hi. | 不好意思打扰一下 你好 |
[1:23:44] | Do you mind taking our photo? | 你可以给我们拍张照吗 |
[1:23:45] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[1:23:47] | It’s ok, I don’t. | 没关系 不用 |
[1:23:48] | -It’s going to be great, come on. -I do not like photos. | -这感觉很好 来吧 -我不喜欢照相 |
[1:23:51] | -You will love it. -We’re wasting film. | -你会喜欢的 -我们在浪费胶卷 |
[1:23:54] | -Of course not. -I’m just very shy. | -当然不是 -我只是很害羞 |
[1:23:56] | 3 2 1 Three, two, one… | |
[1:24:49] | I know. | 我知道了 |
[1:24:53] | I know who you are, Adaline. | 我知道你是谁了 阿黛琳 |
[1:24:58] | What? | 什么 |
[1:25:02] | The scar. It’s the same scar. | 这个伤疤 同样的伤疤 |
[1:25:05] | I stitched it myself. | 是我缝的 |
[1:25:09] | Please. | 拜托 |
[1:25:13] | The truth. | 告诉我真相 |
[1:25:24] | William. | 威廉 |
[1:25:33] | I thought I was losing my mind. | 我还以为我疯了 |
[1:25:37] | How? How is this possible? | 怎么会 这怎么可能 |
[1:25:47] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:25:50] | I… I, I was normal. | 我…我以前很正常 |
[1:25:56] | And then one day… I just stopped. | 那是有一天 我的时间就停止了 |
[1:26:01] | I wanted to tell you so badly. | 我非常想告诉你 |
[1:26:04] | But I couldn’t. | 但是我不能 |
[1:26:07] | You know what they do to me. I… | 你知道他们会对我做什么 我 |
[1:26:09] | -I would have been a… -Curiosity? | -我会成为一个 -研究对象 |
[1:26:14] | -A specimen. -Yes. | -一个样品 -是的 |
[1:26:21] | That’s why you left me? | 这就是你离开我的原因 |
[1:26:24] | That’s why you… disappeared? | 这就是你 消失的原因 |
[1:26:34] | You can’t imagine how much it hurt. | 你无法想象离开你有多痛苦 |
[1:26:39] | I think, I… | 我想 我 |
[1:26:41] | I think I can. | 我想我知道 |
[1:26:47] | You never told anyone? | 你没有和其他人说过吗 |
[1:26:51] | No. | 没有 |
[1:26:53] | If I had, it would have been Ellis. | 如果我要说 就会告诉埃利斯 |
[1:27:01] | Don’t, don’t run away. | 不要 不要再逃走了 |
[1:27:05] | Don’t disappear again, please. For Ellis. | 不要再次消失了 求你了 为了埃利斯 |
[1:27:09] | -Adaline… -Please. | -阿黛琳 -求你了 |
[1:27:14] | All these years, you have lived but you never had a life. | 这些年 你活着但是从未享受生活 |
[1:27:19] | Please, for yourself, for Ellis. | 求你了 为了你自己 为了埃利斯 |
[1:27:23] | Stay, Adaline. | 留下来 阿黛琳 |
[1:27:26] | I don’t know how. | 我不知道要怎么办 |
[1:27:27] | Do not run away, Adaline. Adaline! | 不要逃走 阿黛琳 阿黛琳 |
[1:27:31] | Adaline! | 阿黛琳 |
[1:28:49] | Adaline don’t, don’t. No. Adaline, please. | 阿黛琳 不要 不要 不 阿黛琳 阿黛琳 |
[1:28:53] | Please don’t do this. | 求你不要那么做 |
[1:28:54] | Adaline, don’t. Think about Ellis, please! | 阿黛琳 不要 想想埃利斯 求你了 |
[1:28:59] | Adaline, please! Adaline! | 阿黛琳 不要走 阿黛琳 |
[1:29:27] | Ellis, I’m so sorry. | 埃利斯 非常抱歉 |
[1:29:28] | I can’t do this. I can’t explain. Jenny. | 我不能这样做 我无法解释 珍妮 |
[1:29:38] | Dad! Dad! | 老爸 老爸 |
[1:29:42] | Dad, where’re your keys? | 老爸 你的车钥匙呢 |
[1:29:48] | She’s gone. | 她离开了 |
[1:29:55] | She’s not coming back, son. | 她不会回来了 儿子 |
[1:29:59] | What just happened? What, what is this? | 刚才发生了什么 这 这是什么 |
[1:30:03] | -Dad, what the hell did you say to her? -Nothing. | -老爸 你到底对她说了什么 -什么都没有 |
[1:30:08] | She can’t explain. | 她有自己的苦衷 |
[1:30:11] | Please tell me what she said. | 求你了 告诉我她说了什么吧 |
[1:30:16] | She is not capable. | 她不能做出 |
[1:30:18] | Of what? | 做出什么 |
[1:30:24] | Of change. | 改变 |
[1:30:53] | Do you love her? | 你爱她吗 |
[1:30:56] | Son? | 儿子 |
[1:30:58] | Listen to me. Do you love her? | 听我说 你爱她吗 |
[1:31:01] | Yes. | 当然 |
[1:31:05] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[1:31:07] | -Dad, I don’t… -It’s a simple question. | -老爸 我不 -这是个很简单的问题 |
[1:31:11] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[1:31:15] | Because nothing makes sense without her. | 因为没有她 一切都成为将就 |
[1:32:22] | Hello? | 喂 |
[1:32:25] | Oh darling, I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to wake you. | 亲爱的 我真的很抱歉 我不是故意吵醒你的 |
[1:32:27] | -Everything ok? -No, no… I just… I wanted to tell you… | -一切都还好吗 -对 对 我只是 我想告诉你 |
[1:32:30] | What is it? | 告诉我什么 |
[1:32:32] | You’re right. No more running. | 你是对的 不再逃离 |
[1:32:34] | -Mom? -I’ll call you tomorrow, okay ? | -妈妈 -我明天再打给你 好吗 |
[1:32:37] | -I am so happy to hear that. -I love you. | -我真的很高兴能听到这些 -我爱你 |
[1:32:40] | -I love you too. -Bye. | -我也爱你 -拜拜 |
[1:32:42] | Bye, Mama. | 再见 妈妈 |
[1:33:57] | The moon is responsible for much of what takes place… | 月球主宰着许多 |
[1:34:00] | on the surface of the Earth. | 地球上的活动 |
[1:34:02] | A stray meteor hit the Moon in 1178. | 一颗偏离轨道的陨石在1178年撞击了月球 |
[1:34:07] | The resulting concussion would cause extreme tides… | 撞击带来的震动造成了阿根廷火地岛 |
[1:34:09] | on every lunar phase in Tierra del Fuego, Argentina. | 严重的极潮 |
[1:34:13] | A 23% rise in the mean tide on this night… | 这一夜平均潮位的百分之二十三 |
[1:34:17] | produced a storm 2000 miles off the Pacific Coast… | 能在太平洋沿岸掀起2000英里的风暴 |
[1:34:23] | causing an increase in amount of molecular ionization in the atmosphere. | 造成大气中大量的分子电离 |
[1:34:28] | And for the first time in 78 years… | 在78年里第一次 |
[1:34:32] | snow fell in this part of Sonoma County. | 雪降临在这部分索诺马县 |
[1:34:40] | In the first stages of hypothermia… | 在低体温的最初几个阶段 |
[1:34:42] | the body will try to generate heat through shivering. | 身体会试图通过发抖来发热 |
[1:34:48] | When this fails, it would decrease the flow of blood… | 如果失败了它会降低血液的流速 |
[1:34:51] | to the extremities. | 直到极限 |
[1:34:53] | Metabolism slows to a crawl. | 新陈代谢也会变慢 |
[1:34:58] | You are dying, but you don’t know it. | 你即将死去 但你并不得知 |
[1:35:03] | In the final stages… | 在最后的几个阶段 |
[1:35:05] | the victim only breathes once or twice a minute. | 伤者一分钟仅呼吸一到两次 |
[1:35:09] | A state of suspended animation . | 到达假死状态 |
[1:35:39] | Jenny! | 珍妮 |
[1:35:40] | At 10:07 PM… | 在晚上十点零七分 |
[1:35:42] | Adaline Bowman’s core temperature had dropped to 87 degrees. | 阿戴琳·鲍曼的体核温度已降至87华氏度 |
[1:35:49] | Her heart stopped beating. | 她的心脏停止了跳动 |
[1:36:14] | At last… | 最终 |
[1:36:16] | at the age of 107 | 在107岁那年 |
[1:36:19] | Adaline Bowman was,by any definition, dead. | 阿戴琳·鲍曼 在任何意义上 死亡了 |
[1:36:33] | At precisely 10:09 PM… | 恰好在晚上十点零九分 |
[1:36:35] | paramedics placed two defibrillator paddles on Adaline Bowman’s chest. | 急救人员在阿戴琳·鲍曼的胸前放置了两块除颤器垫 |
[1:36:41] | They counted the prescribed five seconds… | 他们在进行750伏特电击前 |
[1:36:44] | before administering 750 volts of electricity. | 按照规定倒数了五秒 |
[1:38:03] | How is she? | 她怎么样了 |
[1:38:05] | We’ve just run a series of tests… | 我们刚进行了一系列检查 |
[1:38:06] | and don’t see any long term damage. | 发现车祸并没有造成长期的损伤 |
[1:38:09] | It’s quite remarkable, in fact. | 事实上 这十分不可思议 |
[1:38:11] | Is she awake? Can I go see her? | 她醒了吗 我能去看她吗 |
[1:38:13] | She is exhausted, but you might be able to get in a few words. | 她已经精疲力竭了 不过你可以进去说几句话 |
[1:38:18] | Okay, thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[1:38:35] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[1:38:42] | Jenny? | 珍妮 |
[1:38:44] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[1:38:45] | Hey! | 嗨 |
[1:39:02] | I know why you ran away. | 我知道你逃离的原因 |
[1:39:06] | You do? | 真的吗 |
[1:39:08] | That’s because of what I said to you last night, isn’t it? | 是因为昨晚我对你说的话对吗 |
[1:39:12] | I told you, I loved you. | 我告诉你 我爱你 |
[1:39:15] | -And you got scared -Come here | -这让你害怕了 -过来 |
[1:39:28] | I love you too. | 我也爱你 |
[1:39:50] | There’s something else. | 还有其他原因 |
[1:39:59] | What? What is it? | 什么 什么原因 |
[1:40:11] | Well, first… | 恩 首先 |
[1:40:14] | My name isn’t Jenny. | 我的名字并不是珍妮 |
[1:40:28] | My God. What happened? | 天呐 发生了什么 |
[1:40:29] | Nothing, nothing. An accident, I’m fine okay. | 没什么 没什么 一场事故而已 我没事的 |
[1:40:33] | I’m better than fine. Okay? | 我不仅没事还很好呢 |
[1:40:38] | -This is Ellis. -Hello. | -这是埃利斯 -你好 |
[1:40:40] | -Hello. -He’s the man I’ve been telling you about. | -你好 -他是我常向你提起的那个男人 |
[1:40:48] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[1:40:51] | I’m Jenny’s grandmother. | 我是珍妮的奶奶 |
[1:41:03] | What? What is it? | 怎么 怎么了 |
[1:41:06] | He knows. | 他知道 |
[1:41:13] | He knows! | 他知道 |
[1:41:36] | Hey, everybody! I don’t wanna ruin the party… | 大家好 我不想破坏气氛 |
[1:41:38] | but I want to say something. First of all thanks for being here | 但我想致个辞 首先 感谢大家的到来 |
[1:41:41] | Kathy and I are really grateful that you could all be here. | 我和凯西都十分感谢大家能来 |
[1:41:45] | It means a lot to us… | 你们的到来和帮助我们庆祝 |
[1:41:47] | that you would be here and help us celebrate… | 对我们来说很重要 |
[1:41:50] | our first… | 庆祝我们第一个 |
[1:41:51] | first 40 years of marriage. | 第一个四十年的结婚纪念日 |
[1:41:55] | When I first met this lovely lady… | 当初初次见到这位可爱的女士时 |
[1:42:00] | back in the old days… | 很久很久之前 |
[1:42:04] | I had a pretty good idea, what I wanted to do in my job… | 我对我将来想做什么有个很好的主意 |
[1:42:08] | but I didn’t really… | 但我并不真正 |
[1:42:13] | know what I wanted to… | 清楚我想做什么 |
[1:42:16] | be as a man when I grew up, If I ever grew up. | 我想长大后成为一个男人 如果我会长大的话 |
[1:42:24] | But the commitment that she made… | 但她对我们的婚姻 对我们的家庭 |
[1:42:27] | to our marriage and to our family, to me… | 对我的承诺 |
[1:42:31] | The… quality of her love… | 她的爱 |
[1:42:37] | led me to understand… | 让我了解 |
[1:42:39] | that I have no greatest ambition in life, than… | 在生活中 我没有比 |
[1:42:43] | to be the best… | 成为她最好的 |
[1:42:46] | possible husband I could be for her. | 丈夫更想做的事了 |
[1:42:50] | And I’m still working on it. | 而我依旧为之努力着 |
[1:42:55] | So here’s to Kathy, love of my life… | 这杯敬凯西 我一生的挚爱 |
[1:43:01] | mate of my soul, mother of my lovely children. | 我的灵魂伴侣 我可爱孩子们的母亲 |
[1:43:07] | To Kathy. | 敬凯西 |
[1:43:23] | We are back, live in Times Square… | 正在泰晤士广场为您直播 |
[1:43:25] | a few minutes from the moment we’ve all been waiting for. | 还需等待几分钟 |
[1:43:28] | The drop ball to 2016. | 大球落下 我们就将迎来2016 |
[1:43:30] | Here you go, honey. Good girl. | 慢慢吃 甜心 乖女孩 |
[1:43:38] | Hey, you guys. You better hurry up, you’re gonna be late for the event. | 你们最好快点 你们要错过活动了 |
[1:43:42] | -I been ready for 10 minutes. -Oh! So handsome. | -我十分钟前就准备好了 -真帅 |
[1:43:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:43:46] | I ready too. | 我也准备好了 |
[1:43:48] | Wow. | 哇哦 |
[1:43:49] | I just need the zip. | 我只需要拉上拉链 |
[1:43:51] | Are you sure you don’t wanna come with us? | 你确定你不想和我们一起来吗 |
[1:43:53] | Hmm! I’m positive. | 是的 |
[1:43:55] | I got my date, right here. Come here baby. | 我在这有我的约会 过来宝贝 |
[1:44:01] | -Okay come here. -Love you. | -过来 -爱你 |
[1:44:03] | I’ll to grab my clutch… and my camera. | 我要去拿我的手包 和我的相机 |
[1:44:06] | -Her whiskers are so big. -Yeah. | -她的小胡子可真长啊 -是啊 |
[1:44:43] | Adaline, you okay? | 阿戴琳 你还好吗 |
[1:44:49] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[1:44:54] | Perfect. | 很棒 |
[1:44:58] | The instant Adaline’s heart was struck… | 阿戴琳的心脏被 |
[1:45:00] | by the defibrillator paddles. | 除颤器垫电击的那一刻 |
[1:45:03] | The telemir structure in her genes regained their pliability | 她基因中的结构重获柔韧性 |
[1:45:08] | Causing her to resume the natural course of aging. | 使她重获自然衰老的进程 |
[1:45:12] | William was right after all. | 威廉归根到底是对的 |
[1:45:15] | The comet “Della C 1981” finally did return. | 彗星”黛拉.C 1981″最后回来了 |
[1:45:19] | A half century late. | 迟到了半个世纪 |
[1:45:21] | But as bright and magnificent as he had predicted. | 但如他所料一般明亮而壮丽 |