英文名称:Terms of Endearment
年代:1983
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:19] | Let me go, just for a minute. | 让我去 一下子就好 |
[00:21] | You’re going to stare that baby into a coma. | 你要看着宝宝 直到她睡着 |
[00:24] | Stop exaggerating. | 别这么夸张 |
[00:26] | It’s not good to keep checking | 每五分钟过来看一次对宝宝不好 |
[00:28] | and imagining terrible things. | 想想 有可能发生什么可怕的事情 |
[00:30] | -I know, I know. -Here it starts. Here we go. | -我知道 我知道 -这里开始来吧 |
[00:35] | Rudyard… Rudyard, she’s not breathing. | 拉迪亚德 拉迪亚德 她没有呼吸 |
[00:38] | Honey, she’s sleeping. The baby’s sleeping. | 亲爱的 她正在睡觉呢 宝宝正在睡觉 |
[00:41] | No… | 不 |
[00:44] | -Rudyard, it’s crib death. -It’s sleep! | -拉迪亚德 宝宝死了 -他在睡觉 |
[00:48] | -She’s asleep, honey. -Maybe. | -她睡熟了 亲爱的 -也许 |
[00:51] | Come on! | 快点 |
[01:01] | Emma. | 艾玛 |
[01:04] | Oh, good. | 哦 好的 |
[01:07] | That’s better. | 这还不错 |
[01:39] | No, thank you. | 不 谢谢 |
[01:43] | Thanks. Emma? | 谢谢 艾玛 |
[01:46] | He was one of the most dependable men that ever worked for me. | 哦 他是曾经为我工作的人中 最值得信任的一个人 |
[01:52] | -I know. Thank you. -He was a good man. | -我知道 谢谢你 -他是个好人 |
[02:00] | I’m real sorry about your daddy. Take care of your momma. | 对你父亲的事情我感到很遗憾 照顾好你妈妈 |
[02:55] | Emma? Emma, wake up, please. | 艾玛 艾玛 醒来 快点 |
[02:58] | -Wake up. -What’s wrong? | -醒来 -怎么了 |
[03:00] | I was tense and I was wondering how you were feeling. | 我很紧张而且我很好奇 你觉得怎么样 |
[03:05] | -Would you like to sleep in my bed? -No, thank you. | -你喜欢在我的床上睡觉吗 -不 谢谢 |
[03:10] | Would you like to sleep in my bed again? | 你又想在我床上睡觉 |
[03:13] | Yes! | 是的 |
[03:39] | What are we going to do with this hair? | 我们做什么好 玩头发 |
[03:46] | Hey, Emma! | 嗨 艾玛 |
[03:50] | Patsy, hurry up! You’re going to miss him. | 佩特西 快点 你会想他的 |
[03:59] | Oh, that’s what they were looking at! | 哦 他们在看什么 |
[04:07] | -Good night, honey. -Where’s Momma? | -晚安 亲爱的 -妈妈在哪里 |
[04:09] | That old fart’s trying to get in her pants. | 谁会稀罕要 她用过的东西 |
[04:12] | What if the astronaut shows up? | 那宇航员怎样了 |
[04:13] | Oh, they’re everywhere in Houston! | 哦 他们在休斯敦找了一处落脚的地方 |
[04:16] | -Say hi to Race. -OK. Love ya. Astronauts! | -跟瑞思打个招呼 -爱你 宇航员 |
[04:25] | So? | 怎么了 |
[04:26] | We better get going. | 我们最好走 |
[04:28] | I’ll say goodbye. Want to go with? | 我要跟我妈说声再见 你要跟着一起去 |
[04:32] | No. I don’t think I’m up to it today. | 不 我觉得不行 今天不行 |
[04:35] | Sure would be nice to have a mother somebody liked. | 有一个那样的母亲一定很不错 |
[04:49] | Why don’t you accept the fact that you have certain biological needs? | 你为什么不面对现实呢 你有一定的生理需要 |
[04:57] | -Because I don’t. -Mom! I’m going now. | -因为我没有 -妈妈 我现在就去 |
[05:00] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[05:06] | Can you believe it? He wants to take me to Tahiti. | 你能相信吗 他想要带我到大溪地岛 |
[05:10] | I don’t know why you treat these men like this. They have feelings too. | 我不知道为什么你这样对待这些男人 他们也有感觉的 |
[05:16] | -Has the astronaut moved in yet? -Who? | -宇航员搬进来了吗 -谁 |
[05:19] | Patsy teaching you coy lessons? | 谁 佩特西没有教你关于如何卖弄风骚么 |
[05:21] | Breedlove. Has he moved in? | 是布莱得拉夫搬进来 他搬进来了吗 |
[05:22] | -Put your socks up! -Say goodbye to Patsy. | -穿上你的袜子 -跟佩特西说再见 |
[05:26] | -Be home by eleven. -Say goodbye to Patsy. | -在11:00之前回家 -跟佩特西说再见 |
[05:29] | -Goodbye, Patsy! -Thank you. | -再见 佩特西 -谢谢 再见 格林威太太 |
[05:43] | In this day and age, anything goes! | 这一年这一天 所有的一切都走了 |
[05:47] | ∮ Times have changed ∮ | 时代已经改变 |
[05:50] | ∮ And we’ve often rewound the clock ∮ | 我们经常扰乱时钟 |
[05:52] | ∮ Since the Puritans got a shock ∮ | 因为清教徒感到了震惊 |
[05:55] | ∮ When they landed on Plymouth Rock ∮ | 当他们登陆的时候在普里茅斯岩石 |
[05:58] | ∮ If today ∮ | 如果今天 |
[06:02] | ∮ Any rock they should try to stem ∮ | 他们应该尝试其他的地方 |
[06:05] | ∮ Instead of landing on Plymouth Rock ∮ | 而不是在普里茅斯岩石上 |
[06:08] | ∮ Plymouth Rock∮ | 普里茅斯岩石 |
[06:09] | ∮ Would land on them ∮ | 会在他们身上登陆 |
[06:13] | I feel really foolish getting stoned to hear Mary Martin. | 我觉得听玛丽马丁的歌够傻的 |
[06:16] | See, Patsy… | 看 佩特西 |
[06:19] | This is not Mary Martin, | 这是玛丽马 这不是玛丽马丁 |
[06:22] | this is Ethel Merman. | 这是 埃塞尔 默尔曼 |
[06:35] | This is the last time we’re gonna be like this. | 这将是我们最后一次这样子 |
[06:40] | I just plain refuse to get into that kind of thinking. | 我只是简单的拒绝 进入那种思考 |
[06:44] | It should not stop. | 不应该停止 |
[06:47] | I mean, we’re gonna be best friends. | 我的意思是 我们将会是最好的朋友 |
[06:49] | Our babies will be best friends. | 我们的宝宝将会是最好的朋友 |
[06:52] | We’ll all be best friends. | 我们全部将会是最好的朋友 |
[06:55] | Oh, God! | 哦 上帝 |
[06:57] | -Just a minute. -Open the door. | -等一下 -打开门 |
[07:00] | Emma, open the door. | 艾玛 打开门 |
[07:02] | Just a minute. | 等一下 |
[07:05] | -I need to talk to you! -All right. | -我需要和你说话 -好的 |
[07:08] | I’m getting married. What the hell? | 我要结婚了 这算他妈的什么 |
[07:15] | -Meet me in my room? -Yes. | -在我的房间见我 -是的 |
[07:21] | -What do you think she wants? -Maybe to tell you how to have sex. | -你认为她想要什么 -也许她正想告诉你该如何做爱 |
[07:26] | What?! No. She only knows how to avoid it. | 什么 不 她只知道该如何避免它 |
[07:32] | I can’t believe you said that. | 我不能相信你说了那个 |
[07:34] | I didn’t mean it. I didn’t mean it, I swear. | 我不是故意的 我发誓 |
[07:46] | What have you been doing, Emma? | 你刚才干什么呢 艾玛 |
[07:50] | Nothing. | 什么都没干 |
[07:53] | What is it, Momma? | 怎么了 妈妈 |
[07:55] | I really want to get some sleep so I look halfway decent for tomorrow. | 我真的想好好睡一会儿 所以我明天会看来挺不错的 |
[08:03] | Come on. What is it? | 快点 什么事啊 |
[08:05] | Would you want me to be silent about something for your own good? | 你想让我对某事沉默 就是为了你自己 |
[08:11] | Yes, ma’am, I would! | 是的 妈妈 我会 |
[08:28] | OK, come on. | 好吧 来 |
[08:34] | Come on. | 来 |
[08:52] | I’ve been in here all night. | 我在这里呆了一整晚了 |
[08:55] | I’ve been trying to decide what… what wedding gift to get you. | 我已经尝试决定 给你买什么结婚礼物 |
[09:03] | I thought of that Renoir that my mother gave me. | 我想到母亲给我的雷诺瓦[少女的画像] |
[09:09] | But I couldn’t reach a conclusion. | 但是我无法得出一个结论 |
[09:12] | Then I came to grips with the reason | 然后我想找到一个理由 |
[09:14] | why I couldn’t think of a gift. | 为什么我无法静下心来考虑你的结婚礼物 |
[09:16] | Oh, Momma, it’s all right. I need dishes, a rotisserie… | 哦 妈妈 没关系的 我需要盘子 一个烤肉馆 |
[09:23] | The car… the house… | 汽车 一栋房子 |
[09:28] | I’m totally convinced if you marry Flap Horton tomorrow, | 艾玛 确信 如果你明天就跟佛莱普 霍顿结婚 |
[09:32] | it will be a mistake of such gigantic proportions, | 这将会是一个巨大的错误 |
[09:35] | it will ruin your life and make wretched your destiny. | 它将会毁灭你的生活 和你可怜的命运 |
[09:40] | Why are you doing this to me? | 你为什么这么对我 |
[09:44] | You are not special enough to overcome a bad marriage. | 你还不能够 克服差劲的婚姻 |
[09:52] | Use your brains. | 艾玛 动动脑子 |
[09:54] | Flap is limited. He hasn’t got any imagination. | 佛莱普他目光短浅 他没有想像力 |
[09:57] | Even at this age, all he wants is a secure teaching job. | 就算是现在他所想要得到的只是 一个稳定的教学工作而已 |
[10:01] | Mother… | 妈妈 |
[10:02] | I’m marrying Flap Horton tomorrow. | 我明天就跟佛莱普结婚 |
[10:05] | I thank God Flap’s getting me out of here. | 我感谢上帝 佛莱普可以带我离开这里 |
[10:08] | If this is your attitude, don’t come to my wedding. | 如果这是你的态度 不要来参加我的婚礼 |
[10:16] | That’s right. | 那 那好吧 |
[10:19] | No, I think you’re right. | 不 我想你是正确的 |
[10:22] | The hypocrisy was bothering me, too. | 我也比较讨厌装样子 |
[10:34] | My own mother’s not coming to my wedding. | 我自己的母亲不来参加我的婚礼 |
[11:06] | Listen to her. She’s going crazy. | 听她的电话 她正在发狂 |
[11:10] | I’ll give her until noon tomorrow. | 我会在明天中午之前给她 |
[11:12] | Emma, your mother boycotted your wedding, | 艾玛 你的妈妈 反对了你的婚礼 |
[11:16] | she hates your husband and only holds you in medium esteem. | 她讨厌你的丈夫 而且她只是半尊敬的态度 |
[11:21] | Medium esteem. | 半尊敬 |
[11:23] | That is so cute. That is so cute. | 真可爱 真可爱 |
[11:31] | Wouldn’t it have been strange | 这不是很奇怪的吗 |
[11:33] | to marry a person who didn’t read? | 如果我们的其中之一嫁了一个不识字的人 |
[11:38] | There’s millions of interesting people who never pick up a book. | 有数百万有趣的人 从不拾起一本书 |
[11:47] | Flap, I feel so totally good about us. | 佛莱普 我对我们之间的感觉非常好 |
[11:50] | I hope I get pregnant tonight. | 我希望我今晚会怀孕 |
[11:52] | That would be nice. | 那会很美好 |
[12:04] | I love the way you look. | 我喜欢你看我的样子 |
[12:11] | You’re so nice. | 你是 你是如此美好 |
[12:16] | I… You’re my sweet-assed gal. | 我是 你是我的小甜点 |
[13:01] | Here comes the bride! | 新娘来了 |
[13:15] | Wait, Flap. Where did you learn how to do that? | [西方故事”古奇长官”] |
[13:16] | That is the strangest music to make love to. | 那是做爱的时候听到 的最奇怪的音乐 |
[13:19] | I know. | 我知道 |
[13:31] | Leave me alone. I’m happy. I don’t want to talk to you. | 别管我 我很快乐 我不想和你说话 |
[13:36] | No. Did you see the tablecloth Rosie gave me? | 不 你见到罗西给我的桌巾吗 |
[13:40] | It’s beautiful. It’s got red flowers on it. | 很漂亮的 上面有红色花的 |
[13:44] | She made it. No, not yet. | 她做的 不 还没有 |
[13:48] | Home-made omelettes. Just ordered ’em. Kinda Tex-Mex. | 秘制煎蛋饼 我们准备开始了 典型的墨西哥风格 |
[13:53] | No. That was the worst thing you’ve ever done to me, Mother! | 不 那是你对我做过的 最坏的事情了 妈妈 |
[13:58] | Well, I think you owe my husband an apology. | 我觉得你欠我丈夫一次道歉 |
[14:02] | Until you apologise, I’m not listening to your gossip. | 直到你道歉 我不听你的废话 |
[14:05] | No. Well, he’s right here. | 不 好吧 他就在这里 |
[14:10] | Hold on. | 稍等 |
[14:14] | Yes. Yes. | 是的 是的 |
[14:20] | Hello, Mrs Greenway. | 哈罗 格林威太太 |
[14:23] | No, ma’am, I am not enjoying your predicament. | 不 妈妈 我对你当前 的状态并不很高兴 |
[14:26] | Momma, be nice! | 妈妈 不错啊 |
[14:27] | As a matter of fact, I don’t need or desire an apology. | 事实上 我不需要道歉 |
[14:32] | All I want is for you to understand and appreciate my position, | 我想要的只是让你明白 赞同我所处的位置 |
[14:37] | to respect our marriage, | 尊重我们的婚姻 |
[14:41] | and to wait another 15 minutes before you call in the morning. | 还有 你在早上想打电话前 推迟15分钟再打来 |
[14:49] | Yes, I guess I’ve said my piece. | 是的 我想我已经说了我所要说的了 |
[14:52] | OK, I’ll put her on. | 好 我把电话给她 |
[14:55] | He’s so great! I’ll talk to you later. | 他真的很棒 我稍后再和你说 |
[15:05] | I don’t care about the neighbourhood. | 我不关心邻里关系 |
[15:08] | Can’t you stay a little while longer? | 你不能再多呆一会儿么 |
[15:12] | I thought we were having a real good time, didn’t you? | 我觉得我们相处 的相当不错的 |
[15:17] | Listen, don’t go yet. | 听我说 先不要走 |
[15:19] | One more minute. I’ve got something to show you. | 多呆一会儿 我有东西给你看 |
[15:24] | No, really. | 不 真的 |
[15:34] | -Thanks. -Good night. | -谢谢 -晚安 |
[15:59] | -I bought you something. -What? | -我给你买了个东西 -什么 |
[16:06] | A tie. | 领带 |
[16:11] | You didn’t buy this for me. | 你不是为了我而买的领带 |
[16:13] | You were worried about how I’d look to your mother. | 你担心我如何看待你的母亲 |
[16:16] | Stop being a quisling where she is concerned. | 不要做一个她认为的逆子 |
[16:19] | Whenever I get happy, you turn perverse. | 为什么我高兴 的时候你都说反话 |
[16:23] | -Buying this tie made you happy?! -Yes! Yes! | -买这个使你快乐 -是的是的 |
[16:27] | I wish you could understand, cos you really don’t. | 我希望你可以理解 因为你真的不理解 |
[16:30] | It made me very happy, buying this tie. | 买了这条领带真的让我很开心 |
[16:34] | I went to two or three places. | 我转了两三个地方才买到的 |
[16:37] | Then describing your jacket, | 然后对售货员描述你的夹克 |
[16:39] | knowing it would match what you’re wearing, | 然后才明白 这跟你的衣服是多么般配 |
[16:42] | which, by the way, it certainly does. | 确实很般配 |
[16:46] | I mean, it was fun! | 我的意思是 这很可笑 |
[16:50] | It was a goddamn mardi gras | 这是他妈的狂欢节日 |
[16:51] | and you’re too dumb to understand that! | 你太死板了 竟然无法理解这种快乐 |
[16:54] | I’m sorry. I’m being terrible. | 对不起 我表现的太可怕了 |
[16:57] | Going to your mother’s, it makes me a little irrational. | 去找你的母亲 我刚才有点不理智 |
[17:06] | Can I help? | 我能帮助你吗 |
[17:08] | Yes. Thank you, Flap. | 是的 谢谢你 佛莱普 |
[17:09] | Take this candle. I need another one. | 拿着这个蜡烛 我需要多一根 |
[17:12] | -In the kitchen? -Yes. | -在厨房中 -是的 |
[17:15] | That looks great. | 那看起来很棒 |
[17:25] | Who’s that short gentleman? | 那一个矮绅士是谁 |
[17:29] | Not that it’s any of your business… Just leave it at that. | 那个跟你一点关系都没有 别管他了 |
[17:47] | What are you looking at? She isn’t there any more. | 你在看什么 她不在那里了 |
[17:51] | She’ll be back. | 她会回来的 |
[17:53] | I’m Edward Johnson, Aurora’s friend. | 我是爱德华詹森 奥罗拉的朋友 |
[17:56] | Pleased to meet you. Vernon Dahlart. | 很高兴遇见你 佛农 德拉特 |
[18:01] | God, isn’t she something? Here she comes. | 上帝呀 她不来了吗 她来了 |
[18:05] | I met her two weeks ago at church. | 我两周前在教堂看见她了 |
[18:09] | You might say she’s God’s gift to Vernon Dahlart. | 你可能说 她是上帝给予 佛农 德拉特的礼物 |
[18:14] | Then you like her? | 你喜欢她 |
[18:17] | Oh, no. Does it show? | 哦 不 很明显吗 |
[18:23] | Good food. | 好吃 |
[18:25] | Well, this is what I used to serve when I lived in Boston. | 当我住在波士顿的时候 我做过服务员供应这个 |
[18:31] | Vernon, you haven’t said a word. | 佛农你什么都没说 |
[18:33] | Is that right? I feel like I haven’t stopped talking. | 有什么问题么 我感觉起来好像我没有停止过讲话 |
[18:37] | I guess because I’ve been thinking about you so much. | 我猜可能是因为我太想你了 |
[18:41] | Can I suggest how to handle me? | 我可以告诉你怎么对付我么 |
[18:45] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 妈妈 |
[18:47] | Don’t worship me until I’ve earned it. | 在我没到这个地位 的时候不要崇拜我 |
[18:50] | Thank you, ma’am. I appreciate any advice you can give me. | 谢谢你 妈妈 我很感激你给我的任何忠告 |
[18:54] | Don’t talk with your mouth full, Vernon. | 佛恩在你吃东西 的时候不要讲话 |
[19:01] | I wouldn’t do that. | 我不做那种事情 |
[19:04] | I just did it to make you laugh. | 我刚刚做是想让你笑 |
[19:09] | What’s wrong with you? | 你怎么了 |
[19:12] | I got some good news. | 我得到了一些好消息 |
[19:14] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[19:16] | I’m unofficially pregnant. | 我怀孕了 但不确定 |
[19:19] | We haven’t gotten the tests back yet, but you know me, I’m never late. | 我们还没有拿到测试结果 但是你知道我 我从不迟到 |
[19:24] | Well… | 好啊 |
[19:27] | I don’t understand. | 不过我还是不了解 |
[19:32] | If you’re not happy for me, I’ll get so mad if you’re not happy. | 呃 如果你对我并不开心 你不开心我会发疯的 |
[19:45] | Why should I be happy | 为什么我应该 作为一个祖母 |
[19:48] | about being a grandmother? | 我为什么应该感到开心 |
[19:51] | Does this mean you won’t be knitting any booties? | 这是不是意味着你 不会给婴儿织什么衣服的 |
[19:56] | Flap… | 佛莱普 |
[20:00] | Every time you get more than two drinks in you, you confront me. | 每一次你拿超过二种饮料 你面对我 |
[20:05] | And I won’t have it. | 我拿不到它 |
[20:07] | I won’t have it, not in this house. Excuse me. | 我拿不到它 不是在这栋房子里 对不起 |
[20:35] | Do you need some help? | 你需要帮忙吗 |
[20:37] | No. I’ll be fine just as soon as I stretch my legs. | 不 我很好 只要我伸开我的腿 |
[20:43] | Oh, God. | 哦 上帝 |
[20:45] | Mr Breedlove. | 布莱得拉夫 先生 |
[20:52] | You’re bleeding. | 你流血了 |
[20:56] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[20:59] | It’s OK. | 没关系 |
[21:04] | Come on in. | 进来 |
[21:06] | No, thank you. | 不 谢谢你 |
[21:08] | What are you afraid of? | 你害怕什么 |
[21:10] | Afraid? | 害怕 |
[21:12] | Well… | 好吧 |
[21:15] | Why not…? | 为什么不 |
[21:19] | Why not come on in? | 为什么不过来 |
[21:21] | Because you’re much older than the boys I date, | 因为你大大超出了 我可以约会的年龄 |
[21:25] | cos you’re drunk, | 因为你喝醉了 |
[21:27] | and because when I went to see an astronaut give a lecture, | 而且因为当我去看宇航员 正在演讲的时候 |
[21:32] | I didn’t expect him to prowl after us all night. | 我并不指望他追我们 |
[21:35] | I didn’t expect some silly flirt who had to keep his jacket open | 我也不期待那些愚蠢的卖弄风骚的人 敞开着他们的夹克 |
[21:39] | because his belly’s getting too big. | 因为他们大腹便便 |
[21:45] | I expected a hero. | 我在等待一个英雄 |
[22:00] | Well, OK, Doris, don’t come in. | 好吧 好 桃瑞丝 别进来 |
[22:04] | I don’t want you in my house. | 我不想让你进我的房子 |
[22:09] | Lee Anne, would you like to come in? | 李安妮 你要不要进来 |
[22:11] | You better tend to that cut. | 你最好向后转 |
[22:29] | Tommy, show me your belly. Come on. Come on! | 汤米 让我看看你的肚子 快点 |
[22:35] | -How can you dress him like that? -He’s adorable. Look at him. | -你怎么能那么打扮他 -他多可爱啊 看看他 |
[22:45] | Oh, great, Tommy. | 哦 太棒了 汤米 |
[22:52] | That’s Vernon. So tell him I’m… | 是佛农 告诉他我 阿 |
[22:54] | -Out? -No. Tell him I’m resting. | -在外面 -不 告诉他我正在休息 |
[22:58] | Hello? | 哈罗 |
[23:00] | Hi, Flap. | 嗨 佛莱普 |
[23:03] | Where? No. Tell me now. I want to know now. | 哪里 不 现在告诉我 我现在就要知道 |
[23:16] | Oh, Flap, you did not expect I’d be happy. | 哦 佛莱普 你以为我不会快乐 |
[23:18] | Let’s be honest with each other before we start pretending. | 让我们坦诚相待 在我们开始假装之前 |
[23:24] | Look, Mom’s staring at me right now, | 呃 知道么 妈妈在盯着我呢 |
[23:27] | so can I talk about it later to you? | 可不可以稍后再跟你谈这个 |
[23:32] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[23:33] | All right. | 好的 |
[23:35] | Bye. | 再见 |
[23:49] | How long you going to keep this a secret? | 你要保守这个秘密多久 |
[23:52] | The only school that would accept his associate professorship | 唯一的接受佛莱普 助理教授职位的学校 |
[23:56] | is in Des Moines. | 在得梅因[美国衣阿华州的首府] |
[23:59] | He can’t even do the simple things, like fail locally. | 他什么都做不了 就像内部考试不及格 |
[24:05] | It’s gonna be all right, Momma. | 会好起来的 妈妈 |
[24:07] | It’s Des Moines. | 是得梅因 |
[24:10] | -Say, “Bye-bye, house”. -Bye-bye, house. | -说”再见 我的家”-再见 我的家 |
[24:20] | Be careful going down these steps. Don’t break your leg. | 下楼梯的时候小心点 别摔到你的腿 |
[24:32] | Come here. | 来这里 |
[24:35] | Come here. Come here. | 来这里 来这里 |
[24:40] | Stay sweet, honey. | 保持你的甜美笑容 亲爱的 |
[24:43] | Rosie… | 罗西 |
[24:44] | That’s enough, Rosie. They have to get started. | 啊 够了 罗西 他们该走了 |
[24:50] | Tell Momma to drive you home when you work late. Have some fun, Rosie. | 你工作晚了就叫妈妈 开车送你回家 找些乐子 罗西 |
[24:54] | Don’t act so brave. | 不要表现得这么勇敢 |
[24:55] | I know you’ll go crazy without me to nag. | 我知道没有我在旁边唠叨 你就会发疯的 |
[24:58] | Be good to her or else we’ll get you. | 对她好点 否则我们对你不客气 |
[25:04] | I mean it. | 我说正经的 |
[25:10] | Bye, Flap. Have a good drive. | 再见 佛莱普 一路顺风 |
[25:17] | OK, fingers and toes in. Take Momma’s purse. | 好 把手脚都收回来 拿着妈妈的钱包 |
[25:33] | Momma, that’s the first time I stopped hugging first. | 妈妈 那是第一次 我首先停止拥抱 |
[25:37] | I like that. | 我喜欢那样 |
[25:40] | Get yourself a decent maternity dress. | 自己找一个合适 得体的孕妇装 |
[25:43] | You had to get one in, didn’t you? | 必须要一个 不是吗 |
[25:48] | Will you tell her, Patsy? She keeps thinking it’s me. | 你告诉她了么 佩特西 她一直认为是我 |
[25:53] | Tom… Are you gonna be good to your mother and take care of her? | 汤姆 你会不会对你的妈妈很好 而且一直照顾她 |
[26:00] | Bye, Mrs Greenway. | 再见 格林威太太 |
[26:02] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[26:03] | Write as soon as you get there, so I’ll have your address, OK? | 到了那里给我写信 这样我就知道你的住址了 |
[26:07] | You shape up, Patsy. | 祝你一切顺利 佩特西 |
[26:11] | Dropped my gum. | 啊 我掉了我的口香糖 |
[26:13] | We’ll get you another piece, sweetheart. | 我们会拿另外的一块给你 |
[26:21] | The phone bill will be enormous, you know that? | 电话费将会很惊人的 你知道么 |
[26:27] | I’ll miss you, Momma. | 我将会想你的 妈妈 |
[26:34] | -Can we go now? -Yeah. Pull away slow. | -我们能现在走了吗 -是的 慢慢地开走 |
[27:13] | Honey, I think it will be good for us to be away from your… | 亲爱的 离开你的 |
[27:18] | Our families. | 我们的家庭 这将对我们有好处的 |
[27:19] | -I miss Houston. -You don’t know how lucky you are. | -我想念休斯顿 -你不知道你是多么的幸运 |
[27:25] | Everybody wants to go to Des Moines. | 每个人都想要去得梅因 |
[27:28] | People come from all over the world | 人们在他们死之前 |
[27:30] | to get one look at Des Moines before they die. | 想要去得梅因看一眼 |
[27:33] | Some people say it’s the best city in lowa. | 人们说它是在 爱荷华州最好的城市 |
[27:38] | I know you’re teasing me. Texas is the best! | 知道你正在蒙我 德克萨斯才是最好的 |
[27:42] | Well, I think you should stop worrying. | 我觉得你应该停止烦恼 |
[27:45] | We’re gonna see some terrific new things. We are. | 我们将会见到一些新事物 我们都是 |
[28:10] | Would you please, if you will, hold it down over there? | 请 如果你愿意 能不能小点声 |
[28:15] | Sorry, I can’t hear you. | 对不起 我听不到你说话 |
[28:18] | Hold it down! Have some respect for other people’s feelings! | 小点声 对他人的感觉尊重一些 |
[28:22] | Come over a little closer. | 靠近一些 |
[28:24] | Hey, you in the bush, I can’t hear you! | 嗨 在矮树丛里面的 我听不到你说话 |
[28:46] | Sorry, but I just took a sauna. | 不好意思 我洗了一个桑拿 |
[28:48] | It’s hard not to yell when you hit that cold water. | 当你淋冷水的时候 很难忍着不叫 |
[28:52] | You’re not gonna ignore me when I speak directly to you? | 我说话的时候你不理我 |
[28:56] | I’m not ignoring you. What am I supposed to say? | 我不是不理你 那我应该说什么 |
[28:59] | OK, It’s hard not to yell when you hit that cold water. | 当你淋冷水的时候 很难忍着不叫 |
[29:03] | Hey, come here. | 嗨 哎 来这里 |
[29:08] | Come here? | 来这里 |
[29:11] | What is your name? | 你叫什么 |
[29:13] | -Aurora? -Yes. | -奥罗拉 -是的 |
[29:16] | You want a shock? | 你 你想吃一惊么 |
[29:19] | No, not especially. What? | 不 一点也不 什么 |
[29:24] | Well… We’re going to have this dinner at… | 好吧 我们将要 在啊 |
[29:31] | a NASA dinner at the White House. | 在白宫的美国航空 暨太空总署吃晚餐 |
[29:34] | You know, some cosmonauts and all of us, and… | 你知道 一些苏联宇航员 和我们全部 |
[29:38] | I didn’t know who I could take. | 我不知道应该带谁去 |
[29:42] | Cos all the people I flew with, | 所有和我一起飞的人 |
[29:45] | well, their wives are giving me bitch bites all over my back | 他们的老婆都像 母狗一样咬我的后背 |
[29:49] | if I showed up with my regular girls. | 如果我跟其中一个女人出现 |
[29:52] | I didn’t know anybody old enough, so I thought, | 我不认识什么熟人 因此我想 |
[29:55] | “Well, I’ll ask my next-door neighbour.” | “嗯 我去问问隔壁的邻居” |
[30:01] | Well, anyway, they cancelled the dinner, | 好吧 无论如何 他们取消了今天晚餐 |
[30:04] | but I was really thinking about asking you out. | 但是我真的想约你出去 |
[30:09] | Seriously. Ain’t that a shocker? | 我是认真的 不觉得吃惊么 |
[30:13] | Yes. | 是的 |
[30:16] | Imagine you having a date with someone where it wasn’t a felony. | 想像你跟一个人约好了 而且并不是特别的重要的 |
[30:26] | What would you have said if I’d asked you? | 这时候如果我也邀请你 你怎么办 |
[30:30] | Seriously. | 认真的 |
[30:34] | I would have said I’d like to see the White House. | 我会说我想去看看白宫 |
[30:38] | So you would have come? | 所以你会来 |
[30:42] | What the hell. You want to have dinner out some time? | 怎么搞的 找个时间约出来吃顿饭 |
[30:47] | -No, thank you. -What about lunch? | -不 谢谢你 -午餐怎么样 |
[30:50] | You ladies, you like to have lunch a lot, don’t you? | 你是淑女 你应该非常喜欢吃午餐 |
[30:53] | You know, there’s something about your manner. | 你知道啦 你的行为举止有些问题 |
[30:57] | It’s like you’re trying to toy with me. | 好像你正打算玩弄我 |
[31:04] | That’s right, Aurora. I’m playing with you. | 没错 奥罗拉 我是在和你玩 |
[31:06] | -This is exactly… -Do you want to play, Aurora? | -这是一方面 -你想要玩吗 奥罗拉 |
[31:10] | You wanna go to lunch, | 你想吃午餐吗 |
[31:13] | we’ll have lunch. | 我们会吃午餐的 |
[31:17] | If you want to have lunch in some restaurant | 如果你想去餐馆吃午餐 |
[31:20] | to improve the atmosphere in this neighbourhood, I wouldn’t say no. | 来改善邻里关系 我会坚定地说不 |
[31:26] | Come here. We’re too far apart to talk. | 过来 我们说话的距离太远了 |
[31:42] | Now… Aurora. | 现在 奥罗拉 |
[31:47] | Since you’ve agreed, | 因为你已经同意 |
[31:51] | why don’t we just forget about the rest? | 为什么我们不忘记其他的 |
[31:53] | I mean, I know how you feel. There were countdowns… | 我的意思是 我知道你的感受 |
[31:58] | when I had my doubts. | 当我有疑虑的时候 |
[32:00] | I said to myself, “You agreed to do it. | 我在心里想着 你会同意的 |
[32:04] | “You’re strapped in… | 你被抱着 |
[32:07] | “and you’re in the hands | 手牵手 |
[32:09] | “of something bigger and more powerful than yourself. | 跟一个比你高大强壮的人 |
[32:13] | “So why not just lay back and enjoy the ride?” | 既然这样 为什么你不 跟我一起呢 |
[32:23] | I’m not going. There is something wrong with you. | 我不想去 你有问题 |
[32:31] | Oh, God, I’m such a shit. | 哦 上帝 我就是一个蠢货 |
[32:38] | -Wait! That must be it. -Right there? Oh, God! | -等一下 那肯定就是了 -就在那里 哦 上帝 |
[32:43] | Oh, Flap, it’s great. Is that it, really? | 哦 佛莱普 这太棒了 这是真的么 |
[32:46] | -I think that’s it. -Oh, it’s great. Isn’t that sweet? | -哦 确实不错 -是不是很甜美 |
[32:52] | -Oh, that was a bump. -Oh, yeah. | -哦 那有块撞痕 -哦 是的 |
[32:56] | -What is that? -Shall we go see the house? | -那是什么 -我们要不要去看看房子 |
[32:59] | You stay here. I’ll come round and get you. | 你在那里等一下 我周围看看再回来找你 |
[33:02] | Come on. Let’s get this off. | 快点 咱们离开这 |
[33:06] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[33:09] | Come on. | 哇 快点 |
[33:13] | -Sweetheart, did you hurt yourself? -Nope, not yet. | -哦 甜心 你伤到你自己吗 -不 没有 |
[33:17] | Do you like it? Do you like it? | 你喜欢它吗 你喜欢它吗 |
[33:21] | Oh, it’s great. Flap, it’s great! | 哦 它太棒了 佛莱普 它太棒了 |
[33:25] | Oh, my God. | 哦 我的上帝 |
[33:42] | Leave the mattress here. We can sleep here. | 把床垫留在这 我们可以睡在这里 |
[33:52] | I’m really tired. | 我真的很累 |
[34:12] | You ever made love in lowa? | 你曾经在爱荷华州作爱 |
[34:19] | You know what? Tommy’s room is on the other side of the hall, | 你知道些什么 汤米的房间在另一边 |
[34:23] | so we can get noisy. | 因此我们能大声一点 |
[34:25] | Good. You get to make your little high-pitched squeak. | 好的 你可以开始叫了 |
[34:31] | Stop it! What about you? What about you? | 停 你呢 你呢 |
[34:35] | “Here I come. Here I come again! | 我来了 我又来了 |
[34:38] | “Yes! Yes! Yes!” | 是的 是的 是的 |
[34:43] | Here I come again. | 我又来了 |
[34:46] | Yes. | 是的 |
[34:48] | Yes. | 是的 |
[34:51] | -Yes. -Oh, God. | -是的 -哦 上帝 |
[34:55] | You just made me wet. | 你刚刚把我弄湿了 |
[34:58] | How can you do that with your voice, just like that? | 你怎么发出那种声音的 |
[35:01] | You just make your voice like that. | 你刚才那么发声了 |
[35:04] | Oh, God, if Tommy can’t hear us, we can’t hear Tommy! | 哦 上帝 如果汤米听不到我们 我们也听不到汤米 |
[35:11] | -He’s fine, mother! -Don’t get pissy, I’ll be back! | -他很好 妈妈 -不要闹 我马上回来 |
[35:20] | ∮ The bells are ringing∮ | 铃正在呜响 |
[35:23] | ∮ For me and my gal∮ | 为了我和我的女孩 |
[35:26] | ∮ The birds are singing∮ | 鸟正在唱 |
[35:29] | ∮ For me and my gal∮ | 为我和我的女孩 |
[35:31] | Sing with me! | 和我一起唱 |
[35:32] | ∮ Everybody’s a-goin’ ∮ | 所有的人都要 |
[35:36] | ∮ To a weddin’ ∮ | 去参加一个婚礼 |
[35:38] | ∮ They’re knowin’ ∮ | 大家都知道的 |
[35:40] | ∮ And for weeks they been callin’ ∮ | 这几周他们都在忙着打电话 |
[35:42] | ∮ Every Susie and Sal ∮ | 通知所有的女孩们 |
[35:46] | I have papers to grade. This isn’t love, it’s selfishness. | 我有一些卷子要改 这不是爱 是自私 |
[35:51] | It’s been a week since we’ve been together. | 我们在一起已经一周了 |
[35:54] | We’ve never gone a whole week, Flap. | 我们从未离去一个星期 |
[35:56] | -Sure, we’ve gone a week. -Only in the real pregnant months. | -当然 是的 -只有在真正的怀孕的数个月中 |
[36:01] | You’re always getting home so late, Flap. Oh, forget it. Forget it! | 你总是晚回家 佛莱普 哦 忘了它 忘了它 |
[36:06] | Do me a favour. Don’t make me feel silly, | 做我喜欢的事 不要让我感觉我很愚蠢 |
[36:09] | I won’t make you feel guilty. | 我没有让你感觉羞愧 |
[36:11] | Fair enough. I have to hurry. | 很公平 我必须加快点了 |
[36:16] | Be a good boy. | 好孩子 |
[36:33] | Emma? | 艾玛 |
[36:35] | I love that you came back. You’re saving our lives by doing this. | 你回来我很高兴 你这么做挽回了我们的生活 |
[36:40] | I love that you came back, Flap, I love it! | 你回来我很高兴 佛莱普 我很高兴 |
[36:42] | Tommy, breakfast will be in a minute. | 汤米 早餐马上就好了 |
[36:45] | Let’s hurry. I’ve got to grade those papers. | 快点 我需要改这些卷子 |
[36:47] | I’ll give everybody a B! | 我将给每个人一个”B” |
[36:50] | Come on! Wait! | 快点 不 等一下 |
[36:53] | Come on, come on! | 快点 快点 |
[37:48] | Hello? Hi, Mother. Could we talk later? | 哈罗 嗨 妈妈 我们可以等一会儿再说话吗 |
[37:52] | I’ve got to get the boys off and it’s not a good time to be on the phone. | 我要帮孩子脱衣服 没时间讲电话 |
[37:56] | Don’t be so inconsiderate. I’m all set to have a good talk. | 要考虑别人 我准备好认真的谈一谈了 |
[38:00] | You’ve got almost an hour to get the boys off. | 你已经花了将近一个小时为孩子脱衣服了 |
[38:03] | What’s wrong? | 到底怎么回事 |
[38:04] | -Nothing. -Stop here. Tell me what it is. | -没事 -别说了 先告诉我怎么了 |
[38:09] | OK, Mother. I need some money. I need you to loan me some money. | 好的 母亲 我需要一些钱 我需要你借给我一些钱 |
[38:13] | I really need it, so will you? | 我真的需要它 你借不借 |
[38:18] | Oh, Mother, please don’t be quiet. You know that was hard for me to ask. | 哦 母亲 别不说话 你知道那对我来说是很困难的 |
[38:22] | You can say no, but please don’t be quiet. | 你可以说不 但是不要不说话 |
[38:24] | Oh, I’m sorry, sweetheart. I was just thinking. | 哦 对不起 甜心 我刚才在思考 |
[38:29] | Thinking what? | 思考什么 |
[38:31] | How much I hate to part with money. | 考虑我多么不想拿出这些钱 |
[38:35] | I wouldn’t have asked if… | 我就不会问如果我 |
[38:37] | Don’t yell, but I really think that I may be pregnant again. | 不要大叫 但是我想我还会怀孕的 |
[38:41] | Oh! No! | 哦 不 |
[38:43] | Oh, no! And you’re going to have it, I suppose? | 而且我想你也不得不接受这个 |
[38:48] | Yes, of course. What’s happening to you, anyway? | 是的 当然 你到底怎么了 |
[38:53] | Don’t act like that’s so terrible. | 不要做这么可怕的行为 |
[38:55] | Bright young women are having simple abortions. | 很简单 一个聪明的女人会去做掉这个孩子的 |
[38:59] | “Simple”? | 简单 |
[39:01] | Then they get wonderful jobs. You can have it in Colorado. | 然后他们找到多姿多彩的工作 你能在科罗拉多州做掉它 |
[39:05] | I don’t know why I tell you anything. | 我不知道为什么要告诉你所有的事 |
[39:07] | I seem to like you less. | 我好像越来越不喜欢你了 |
[39:10] | You know why? I am the only person who tells you the truth. | 你知道为什么 艾玛 因为只有我跟你说实话 |
[39:14] | Go get dressed. | 去穿衣服 |
[39:16] | How will your life get better if you keep having children with that man? | 你的生活怎么可能好转呢 如果你继续怀上他的孩子 |
[39:21] | What miracle is going to come along to rescue you? | 你在等待奇迹来拯救你么 |
[39:27] | Leave me alone. I need the money. Give me the painting to sell. | 别管我 我需要钱 给我画卖 |
[39:31] | No! That’s your security. | 不 那是你的最后保障 |
[39:33] | I will not have you using that for rent! | 我不会让你用的 |
[39:37] | Let’s not do this. All right? | 不要这么做 好不好 |
[39:40] | All right? I’ll talk to you later. | 我稍后再跟你说 好不好 |
[39:43] | All right? | 好不好 |
[39:49] | All right. If it would mean that… | 好吧 如果钱意味着 |
[39:52] | No, don’t give me the money. It’d make you crazy. | 不 不 它会使我疯掉的 |
[39:54] | Yes, it would. | 是的 |
[39:57] | We’ll talk later. You call me tonight, if you want, all right? | 我们以后再说吧 如果需要 晚上给我打电话 |
[40:01] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[40:07] | Daddy just got home. | 爸爸刚刚回家 |
[40:09] | Hey, no kidding? Is it tough being a genius? | 嗨 不许开玩笑 做一个天才是不是很辛苦 |
[40:12] | Boy! | 孩子 |
[40:28] | Great news. I know what my topic is. I have it all figured out. | 好消息 我知道我的课题了 我全都弄清楚了 |
[40:42] | What’s wrong? | 怎么回事 |
[40:45] | Where have you been all night, Flap? | 你整晚都去了哪里 佛莱普 |
[40:48] | I’m sorry. I fell asleep on that big sofa at the library again. | 很抱歉 我再一次在图书馆里面 那张大的沙发上睡着了 |
[40:53] | I don’t know what’s wrong with me. | 我不知道我怎么了 |
[40:57] | I’m on to you. | 我看透你了 |
[41:07] | I’m not doing anything. | 我什么都没做 |
[41:10] | Oh, yes, you are. | 哦 瞎说 你做了 |
[41:13] | We go through this stage every time… | 我们每次都在 这个问题上吵 |
[41:16] | Don’t change the subject. | 不要扯开话题 |
[41:18] | What’s the subject? | 什么话题 |
[41:21] | That I’m on to you. | 我看透你了 |
[41:23] | You wouldn’t try to look so innocent unless you were guilty. | 你看起来不像是清白的 除非你有愧的 |
[41:26] | You’ll have to take my word for it. You have no other choice. | 你应该记住我的话 你没有其他的选择 |
[41:40] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[41:43] | Emma, you… always get a little paranoid | 艾玛 你总是有点爱遐想 |
[41:49] | in your first few months, OK? | 在你的开始怀孕的 几个月中 是不是 |
[41:51] | Just… | 只是 |
[41:57] | If you are doing something | 如果你正在做某事 |
[41:59] | and you’re trying to make me feel crazy because I’m pregnant, | 是为了把我刺激疯了 因为我怀孕了 |
[42:02] | then you may have sunk so low that you’ll never recover. | 你陷入这么深 你无可救药 |
[42:06] | You may have just panicked, Flap, and trying to save yourself, | 你可能刚刚感到恐慌 佛莱普 而且尝试解救你自己 |
[42:11] | you’ve thrown out your character and principles. | 你已经脱离了你的个性和原则 |
[42:15] | The only way to redeem yourself, and be the man God intended you to be, | 唯一的方法你可以赎回你自己 |
[42:18] | is to admit anything you might have been doing last night. | 就是承认你昨晚做过的 |
[42:22] | Cos if you don’t do that, if you don’t do that right now, | 所有的事情 |
[42:25] | you are a lost man. | 如果你不这么做 你就是个废物 |
[42:27] | A shell, a bag of shit dust. | 一个白痴 一袋大粪 |
[42:33] | You’ve got to tell me. For us, honey. Come on. | 你必须告诉我 为了我们 亲爱的 |
[42:42] | Hello? | 哈罗 |
[42:45] | Hello, Aurora. | 哈罗 奥罗拉 |
[42:49] | How are you? | 你好吗 |
[42:51] | Yes, she is. She’s right here. | 是的 她 她就在这里 |
[42:54] | Nice to hear your voice again. | 真高兴再次听到你的声音 |
[42:58] | Why don’t you get a job if you’re worried about money? | 你何不找一份工作 如果你担心钱的问题 |
[43:02] | What about the baby? | 那孩子怎么办 |
[43:04] | It’s a great day when you get tenure! | 你上班的那天 将会是非常棒的一天 |
[43:07] | All tenure means is we won’t have enough money forever! | 你上班意味着 我们永远都不会有足够的钱 |
[43:12] | Why don’t you ask your mother? | 你为什么不问你的母亲 |
[43:14] | -That’s convenient for you! -Go ahead! Call her! | -很方便的 对吧 -去 打电话给她 |
[43:18] | Why should today be any different? | 今天没什么不对劲的吧 |
[43:21] | Get on the phone, Emma! Get on the phone! | 打电话 艾玛 打电话 |
[43:24] | -Why don’t you call? -Yeah, I’ll call Aurora, right(!) | -你为什么不打 -是的 我打给奥罗拉 对不对 |
[43:28] | Get on the phone! Get on the phone! Get on the phone, Emma! | 打电话 打电话 打电话 艾玛 |
[43:33] | Get on the phone! Get on the damn phone! | 打电话 打电话 该死的 |
[43:39] | -Mommy said to wait right here. -Stay if you want. | -妈妈说就在这里等候 -如果你愿意就再呆在这儿吧 |
[43:55] | What are you guys doing here? I told you to wait in front of the house. | 你们在这里做什么 我告诉你们在屋子前面等 |
[43:59] | Answer me, Tommy. | 回答我 汤米 |
[44:01] | I didn’t want people to think we lived there. | 我不想要人知道 我们在那里居住 |
[44:04] | What? | 什么 |
[44:05] | I didn’t want people to think we lived there. | 我不想要人知道 我们在那里居住 |
[44:10] | Cut it out. | 住口 |
[44:14] | OK. You’re allowed to say one mean thing to me a year. | 你一年只允许 跟我说一件有意义的事 |
[44:17] | That’ll do till you’re ten. | 直到你十岁 |
[44:19] | You’re driving Daddy away. | 你想把爸爸赶走 |
[44:21] | OK, Tommy. Stand up and follow me. Don’t make me hit you on the street. | 汤米 站起来 跟我走 别让我在街上揍你 |
[44:26] | Hurry up. | 赶快 |
[44:30] | I said hurry. Come on! | 我说了快点 快点 |
[44:36] | Forty-four dollars. | 44美元 |
[44:47] | 20 30 Twenty, thirty… | |
[44:57] | Let’s see. That’s $38.40… | 看看吧 38 40 |
[45:00] | You don’t have enough money? | 你的钱不够 |
[45:07] | I don’t have any cheques. I guess I’ll have to put some things back. | 我没有支票 我会放一些东西回去 |
[45:11] | Can I have the register key? She doesn’t have enough money! | 能给我寄存器按钮么 她没有充足的钱 |
[45:19] | It’s no big thing. I brought the wrong purse. | 这并不是一件大事 我带错了钱包 |
[45:22] | Here, take this. | 这里 给你 |
[45:26] | $43 75 43.75. | |
[45:33] | $41 35 41.35. | |
[45:36] | You said I could have something! | 妈妈 你答应我可以买东西的 |
[45:38] | I won’t give her real food. | 我不是真的给她买吃的 |
[45:40] | -Give her this. -No way! | -给她这个 -没门 |
[45:42] | -40.35. -Mom! | -$40 55 -妈妈 |
[45:44] | All right. Here. | 好的 给 |
[45:48] | $40 55 40.55. | |
[45:56] | 40.75. We’re going in the wrong direction. | $4075 我们方向错了 |
[45:58] | Why do you have to be so damn nasty? | 为什么你这么烦 |
[46:01] | It’s not going to help anything. | 我的意思是 这没什么好处 |
[46:05] | We’re both people, you know? | 我们两个都是人 你明白么 |
[46:09] | $40 75 40.75. | |
[46:10] | I don’t need it. | 我不需要它 |
[46:18] | Mrs Horton, I’m Sam Burns from the bank. | 霍顿太太 我是银行的萨姆 勃 |
[46:21] | I turned you down on the second on your house. | 我到你家去过两次 |
[46:23] | Oh, of course. I remember who you are. | 哦 当然我记得你是谁 |
[46:27] | Can I help you make up the difference? | 我能帮助你吗 |
[46:29] | Thanks. I’d appreciate it. I’ll pay you back tomorrow. | 谢谢 我很高兴这样 我明天还给你 |
[46:37] | You’re a very rude young woman. | 你是个非常粗鲁无礼的女人 |
[46:39] | I know Douglas and I doubt he’d want you treating customers so badly. | 我认识道格拉斯 我不能相信他竟然这么对待客户 |
[46:43] | I don’t think I was treating her badly. | 我不认为对她不好 |
[46:46] | Then you must be from New York. | 你一定是纽约来的 |
[46:56] | -Be careful, Teddy! -What? | -小心 泰迪 -什么 |
[46:59] | Be careful! | 小心 |
[47:03] | -Where’s your car? -Right here. | -你的汽车在哪里 -就在这里 |
[47:06] | That was worst time ever. | 那是我这辈子最郁闷的时候 |
[47:09] | I didn’t know I could get cheered up so fast. | 我不知道我能这么快就兴奋起来 |
[47:11] | -No problem. -Come on, Mom. | -没事 -来啊 妈妈 |
[47:14] | -Wait by the car. -Come on! | -在汽车这儿等一下 -快点 |
[47:16] | -Wait there. -No! | -等一下 -不 |
[47:18] | -Wait by the car, honey. -But… | -在汽车这儿等一下 亲爱的 -但是 |
[47:20] | Wait over by the car, honey! Over by the car! | 等一下 亲爱 在汽车那里 |
[47:24] | Now! Now! | 现在 现在 |
[47:26] | Now! | 现在 |
[47:32] | Nice boys. | 好孩子 |
[47:35] | You’re great with them, too. Really. | 你跟他们在一起很不错 真的 |
[47:39] | I think all three of us are going through a stage. | 我觉得我们三个都在经历一个阶段 |
[47:42] | -Hey, thanks again. -Oh, no thanks required. | -嗨 再一次谢谢 -哦 没有必要谢谢 |
[47:46] | I’ve had a lovely time. | 我度过了一段很甜美的时光 |
[47:48] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[47:50] | I’ll get the money back to you. | 我会把钱给你的 |
[47:52] | Oh, don’t bother yourself. Just drop it in the mail. | 不用麻烦了 如果你愿意你可以寄过来 |
[47:56] | -To the bank? -Sure. | -到银行 -当然 |
[47:59] | You could even use a cheque-by-mail envelope. | 你甚至可以用挂号信 |
[48:02] | Or… you could come in. Whichever. | 或者你也可以亲自过来 |
[48:07] | Maybe I’ll come in some time. | 有时间也许我就过去 |
[48:13] | Well, that’d be fine. | 好吧 |
[48:22] | -Hey, can I help you with that? -No, thanks. I’m used to this. | -我能帮你搞定那个么 -不 谢谢 我已经习惯了 |
[48:28] | “And so, another birthday for a gal named Aurora Greenway | 另外一个生日 对于叫做奥罗拉 格林威 的女人来说 |
[48:33] | “Even though 50, she still takes my breath away | 即使50岁了 她仍然让我大吃一惊 |
[48:37] | “Mere mortals just gaze as she lights up their sky | 她仅仅一个注视着天空 的动作就引起了大家的注意 |
[48:41] | “A heavenly object, a siren’s cry” | 一个下凡的仙女 |
[48:46] | You’re the best. Happy birthday. | 你是最好的 生日快乐 |
[48:51] | Thank you, Edward. | 谢谢你 爱德华 |
[48:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[48:56] | Do you want one, Vernon? | 你想要吗 弗农 |
[48:58] | Would you like a kiss? | 你想要一个吻吗 |
[49:02] | You’re not lying about your age, are you? | 你没有隐瞒你的年龄 是么 |
[49:06] | Of course not. | 当然没有 |
[49:09] | I thought you were 52. She’s really 52. | 我认为你52岁 |
[49:12] | Come on, how do you expect to fool a family doctor? | 你认为你能瞒过一个家庭医生 |
[49:15] | -It seems to me she said her age. -Thank you. | -她说了她的年龄 -谢谢你 |
[49:18] | The number doesn’t matter, but the effort to conceal it does. | 这并没多大关系 但是它的背后意味着什么 |
[49:22] | -Why does he keep talking? I’m trying to do some good here! -Dr Ratcher… | -他为什么没完没了的说 -烈查医生 |
[49:27] | -The way to adjust to old age… -Doctor… | -老年人的调整方法 -医生 |
[49:30] | I think you’re confused, being recently widowed and all. | 我想你有点不清楚 因为长时间独自生活的原因 |
[49:57] | You OK? | 你好么 |
[50:10] | Let’s give her some privacy. | 让我们给她一些隐私吧 |
[50:32] | Yeah? The door’s open. | 嗯 门是开着的 |
[50:36] | Just a minute. | 等一下子 |
[50:46] | Well, hello. | 好吧 哈罗 |
[50:50] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[50:55] | I was curious if you still wanted to take me to lunch. | 我想知道你是否 还想跟我吃午饭 |
[51:01] | I wasn’t aware that we… | 我不明白我们 |
[51:03] | A few years back, you invited me to lunch. | 几年前你曾经 邀请我共进午餐 |
[51:05] | A few years back? | 几年前 |
[51:08] | I wondered if the invitation still exists. Would you like to? | 邀请仍然有效吗 你愿意 |
[51:13] | Do lunch. | 共进午餐 |
[51:15] | -Not dinner, remember. It was lunch. -Why not? No. | -不是晚餐 记好 是午餐 -是午餐 是午餐 |
[51:18] | Good. | 好的 |
[51:22] | When? | 何时 |
[51:26] | Tomorrow? | 明天 |
[51:27] | Tomorrow? | 明天 |
[51:30] | All right. All right. | 好的 好的 |
[51:34] | Good. | 好的 |
[51:39] | 12:30 Twelve thirty? | |
[51:41] | 12:00 Twelve. | |
[51:43] | Good. | 好的 |
[52:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[52:27] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[52:38] | If you mind the open air, I could get the top. | 如果你介意露在外面 我可以把车顶关上 |
[52:42] | No. Don’t worry. | 不 不用操心 |
[52:44] | Grown women are prepared | 成熟的女人都随时准备好了 |
[52:45] | for life’s little emergencies. | 应付生活中的一些细小的紧急事件 |
[53:04] | Us going out together… Not bad, huh? | 我们一起出去 不错 哈 |
[53:08] | Do you think…? Do you think you could possibly put the top up? | 你想吗 你可以把车顶关上么 |
[53:13] | The top’s at home in the garage. | 车顶在家里的车库里呢 |
[53:29] | Hello, there. How are you? | 哈罗 你好吗 |
[53:34] | How are you, Ali? It’s nice to see you. | 你好吗 阿里 见到你很高兴 |
[53:52] | Fred, that we met at that bar. He asked me out. | 在酒吧的那个家伙 佛烈德 他邀我出去 |
[53:56] | -Oh, God. -We went to the Cadillac Bar. | -哦 上帝 -他将我带到卡迪拉克酒吧 |
[54:00] | It’s a fun place if you’re with the right people, but I wasn’t. | 一个有趣的地方 如果你跟对人了 但是我没有 |
[54:32] | Well… l’m starving! | 好吧 我好饿 |
[54:36] | No hidden meaning in that remark. | 那么说没别的意思 |
[54:39] | Well… Would you like an oyster? | 好吧 阿 你想要一个牡蛎吗 |
[54:49] | No. | 不 |
[54:51] | -Thank you. -It’s good. | -谢谢 -很不错的 |
[54:59] | I think that is extremely rude, | 我认为那是 极端粗鲁无礼的 |
[55:02] | noticing other women when you’re with me. | 当你和我在一起的时候 注视别的女人 |
[55:06] | I… | 我 嗯 |
[55:08] | think we’re going to have to get drunk. | 认为我们快喝醉了 |
[55:11] | I don’t get drunk, and I don’t care for escorts who do. | 我没喝醉 我不在乎谁护送 |
[55:17] | You got me into this. | 你带我进来的 |
[55:20] | You’re just gonna have to trust me about this one thing. | 相信我吧 |
[55:24] | You need a lot of drinks. | 你需要多喝点 |
[55:28] | To break the ice? | 打破僵局 |
[55:30] | To kill the bug that you have up your ass. | 解除烦恼 |
[55:37] | May I get you something? | 我可以给你些什么吗 |
[55:39] | Yes, I think I will have some bourbon, preferably Wild Turkey. | 是的 我想来些烈酒 最好是Wild Turkey[土耳其烈酒] |
[55:57] | Yes? | 什么 |
[55:58] | You’re not fun, by any chance, are you? | 你一点也不有趣 |
[56:01] | I don’t really think we should think about that right now. | 我们现在不该想那个 |
[56:07] | Impatient boys sometimes miss dessert. | 不耐心会错掉很多事情 |
[56:25] | We both got here at the same time! | 我们同时到这里 |
[56:31] | Hi, Sam. How are you? It’s nice to see you. | 你好 萨姆你好吗 很高兴见到你 |
[56:34] | It’s always so nice to see you. I can hardly believe it. | 很高兴见到你 我几乎不能相信 |
[56:37] | You, too. | 我也是 |
[56:40] | What I didn’t expect was there to be moments | 我没想到有那些时刻 |
[56:43] | where I’d forget to be scared someone would see us together. | 我会忘记我害怕有人见到我们在一起 |
[56:47] | Sam, you don’t have to be scared. | 萨姆 你不一定要害怕 |
[56:49] | I mean, contemplating sin is all we’ve done, it’s OK. | 我的意思是 正视错误是我们已经做的 |
[56:53] | Oh. I’m glad that you’ve been contemplating it, too. | 我很高兴你已经想过了 |
[56:57] | I didn’t know that. | 我不知道 |
[56:59] | Well, all these lunches, all this hand holding? | 那么 这些午餐 所有的这些 就这样由着它们吗 |
[57:05] | I’m not going back to the bank this afternoon. | 我今天下午不会回银行 |
[57:09] | I have to go out and inspect a new house. | 我要出去调查一些房子 |
[57:13] | It’s pretty far out, and, well… it’s empty. | 很远 而且 很空旷 |
[57:22] | -I gotta pick up my kids at five. -Oh, OK. | -5:00我要去接孩子 -哦 好的 |
[57:26] | Well, I understand. Look, don’t give it a thought. | 我理解 别想了 |
[57:32] | Emma, I haven’t made love to a woman… | 艾玛 我没有跟其他女人做爱 |
[57:38] | in almost three years. | 几乎3年了 |
[57:41] | How come? | 怎么会这样 |
[57:44] | My wife has a disc problem. | 我的妻子生理上有问题 |
[57:47] | And she can’t take having… | 她不能忍受 |
[57:50] | any weight on her. | 任何重量在她身上 |
[57:54] | Sam, I hope you don’t mind me asking you this, but… | 萨姆 我希望你不介意 我问这个 但是 |
[57:58] | have you ever thought of your wife getting on top? | 你没想过你妻子可以在上面吗 |
[58:02] | Oh, she wouldn’t do that. | 哦 她不喜欢那样子 |
[58:05] | She may surprise you. | 她可能令你吃惊 |
[58:07] | No, I don’t think so. It would be so unlike her. | 我不这么认为 那不像她 |
[58:11] | -Did you ask? -About 600 times. | -你问过她吗 -大概 600 次 |
[58:28] | What are you thinking? | 你在想什么 |
[58:30] | Tell me, do you prefer Texas to lowa? | 告诉我你更喜欢德克萨斯 还是爱何华州 |
[58:33] | -What were you really thinking? -Really, that’s what I was thinking. | -你到底在想什么 -那就是我在想的 当你问我的时候 |
[58:39] | I don’t know, there seems to be an absence of wildness, you know? | 我不知道 好像是缺少一些野性 你知道吗 |
[58:43] | Even in the people! | 甚至在众人中 |
[58:46] | Well, we’re farmers and we talk poor, because the farmer aspect is | 我们是农民 我们谈论贫穷 因为农民方面是 |
[58:54] | “don’t let anybody know you have anything” | 别让任何人知道你有什么 |
[58:56] | and “don’t call attention to yourself”. | 别太引人注意 |
[58:59] | My wife says… Well, I guess we shouldn’t talk about Dottie. | 我妻子说 我觉得我们不应该谈论 多蒂 |
[59:05] | Wind in the hair! Lead in the pencil! | 我吹过我的头发 控制 |
[59:11] | Feet controlling the universe! | 控制整个宇宙 |
[59:16] | Breedlove at the helm! | 我热爱掌舵 |
[59:22] | Just keep pumping that throttle! | 尽情踩下油门 |
[59:25] | Keep giving it that gas! | 加油 |
[59:28] | I see the Gulf of Mexico below me! | 我看到了墨西哥海湾 |
[59:32] | I’m not enjoying this! | 我并不喜欢这样 |
[59:34] | Give it a chance. | 给它个机会 |
[59:37] | I am going to stop! | 我要停止了 |
[59:39] | Fly me to the moon! | 带我去月球 |
[1:00:00] | How are you? It’s not my fault, but I’m sorry. | 你怎样 不是我的错 对不起 |
[1:00:04] | If you wanted to get me on my back, you just had to ask me. | 如果你想让我背部着地 你要先问我 |
[1:00:27] | My hand! | 我的手 |
[1:00:29] | Get it out of there! | 拿出来 |
[1:00:30] | -I can’t! I swear! -Get it out! | -我不能 我发誓 -拿出来 |
[1:00:33] | -I swear to God! -Out! | -我向上帝发誓 -拿出来 |
[1:00:35] | We were having such a good time and you had to go do this! | 我们过得很愉快 那你要做这个 |
[1:00:39] | Please, anything! Bend down! Bend down! | 请说吧 任何事 弯腰 弯腰 |
[1:00:47] | -Why did you have to get drunk? -I am not drunk… any more! | -你为什么要喝醉呢 -我没喝醉 再来 |
[1:00:53] | The pain sobered me up. | 疼痛使我清醒 |
[1:01:16] | Emma, this is terrible to ask-are you thinking about your husband? | 艾玛 这可能很可怕 你心里在想你的丈夫吗 |
[1:01:21] | -I was a little. -We can go back. | -有一点 -我们可以回去 |
[1:01:23] | No, Sam. Stop it. Look, I want to do this. | 不 萨姆 停止 告诉你 我想做这个 |
[1:01:27] | I’m glad I don’t know whether Flap’s been with someone else. | 我很高兴佛莱普不知道 我是否跟其他人在一起 |
[1:01:32] | I’d hate to think I was doing this just to get even. | 我不愿意去想我这么做 只是为了平衡心态 |
[1:01:45] | Oh, just… Look… Great! Fine. | 哦 只是看太棒了 好的 |
[1:01:50] | Great! | 太棒了 |
[1:01:52] | You’re parked in my driveway! You’re breaking the law! | 你停在我的车位 你违反了规定 |
[1:01:57] | Thank you! | 谢谢你 |
[1:02:03] | Would you like to come in? | 你想进来吗 |
[1:02:05] | I’d rather stick needles in my eyes. | 我宁可在我眼里插针 |
[1:02:09] | Everything would have been just fine if you hadn’t gotten drunk. | 每件事情都不错 如果你没喝醉 |
[1:02:14] | I just didn’t want you to think I was like one of your other girls. | 别认为我像其他的女孩 |
[1:02:18] | Not much danger in that unless you curtsy on my face real soon. | 没有危险 除非你跪在我的面前 |
[1:02:23] | Garrett! | 盖瑞特 |
[1:02:25] | What makes you so insistent on shocking and insulting me? | 什么使你 坚持攻击我 |
[1:02:32] | I mean, I really hate that way of talking. You must know that. | 我的意思是 我真讨厌这种对话 你一定知道 |
[1:02:37] | Why do you do it? | 你为什么那样做 |
[1:02:40] | I’ll tell you, Aurora. | 我会告诉你 奥罗拉 |
[1:02:43] | I don’t know what it is about you, but… | 我不知道你怎么觉得 不过 |
[1:02:47] | you do bring out the devil in me. | 你确实能引出 我心里的邪恶 |
[1:02:58] | Where are you? | 你在哪里 |
[1:03:00] | In the laundry room so nobody could hear. | 在洗衣间 所以没人能听见 |
[1:03:03] | Sam, I can’t hear you, either. | 萨姆 我也听不到你 |
[1:03:07] | Wait a minute. We’re getting a quieter cycle. | 等一会 会安静的 |
[1:03:10] | -OK. -Can you hear me now? | -好的 -能听到了吗 |
[1:03:12] | -Yeah. -Good. Is it bad to call? | -是的 -打电话不好吗 |
[1:03:16] | No, I’m in the market for a little sweet talk. | 不 我正在超市 不能太卿卿我我 |
[1:03:19] | -Mom, I have to go! -Just a minute. | -妈妈 我要上厕所 -只一会儿 |
[1:03:22] | -What? -Really! | -什么 -是吗 |
[1:03:26] | Hurry up. | 快点 |
[1:03:29] | -What is it? -Just how absolutely good I feel. | -这是什么 -我觉得非常好 |
[1:03:33] | And even though I’m scared, and we’ve committed adultery, | 尽管我被吓到了 我们已经承认通奸行为 |
[1:03:38] | no matter what happens, | 不管发生什么 |
[1:03:40] | I’m just so grateful to God or the devil | 我很感激上帝或者魔鬼 |
[1:03:42] | for… letting me feel this way again. | 让我再次拥有这种感觉 |
[1:03:48] | I’m so glad you told me that. | 我很高兴你告诉我 |
[1:03:51] | -Don’t flush! -You told me always to! | -别冲水 -你说过要我每次都冲水的 |
[1:03:54] | Not this time. | 这次不行 |
[1:03:56] | -Emma, is it OK? Can you talk? -No, it’s all right. | -艾玛 一切都好吗 你能说话吗 -不 但很好 |
[1:04:00] | -Can I hold Melanie? -Yes. | -我可以告诉 梅尔尼 -可以 |
[1:04:05] | -Honey, is everything OK? -What? | -亲爱的 一切都好吗 -什么 |
[1:04:08] | -Is everything OK? -Everything’s fine. | -一切都好吗 -一切都好吗 |
[1:04:11] | Oh, yeah. Everything’s fine. | 哦 是的 一切都好 |
[1:04:13] | An emergency call from Mrs Aurora Greenway | 我有个紧急电话 来自于 奥罗拉 格林威 |
[1:04:16] | in Houston for Emma Horton. | 在休斯敦 德克萨斯 给艾玛 霍顿 |
[1:04:19] | -Oh, no! -She does that when the line’s busy. | -哦 不 -她在占线的时候打来 |
[1:04:23] | -Will you release? -Of course. We were just talking. | -你会挂线吗 -当然 我们在聊 |
[1:04:28] | Talk to you later, Sam. Bye. | 我之后和你谈 萨姆 再见 |
[1:04:32] | Hi. How’d it go? | 怎样 |
[1:04:34] | The astronaut is impossible. | 宇航员不可能的 |
[1:04:36] | An arrogant, self-centred, and, yes, somewhat entertaining man | 自傲的 以自我为中心的 是的 很搞笑得 |
[1:04:40] | who has realised his ambition, and is at last a spoiled child. | 他已经意识到他的野心 最后一个捣乱的孩子 |
[1:04:45] | -A match made in heaven. -Yeah, you’d think so, wouldn’t you? | -真是天作之合 -你是这样认为的 是吗 |
[1:04:51] | I don’t think he wants to have anything more to do with me. | 他跟我在一起 什么都不想要 |
[1:04:55] | -Oh, why? -I don’t wanna go into it. | -哦 为什么 -我不想这样 |
[1:05:00] | -Cos you wouldn’t go to bed? -On a first date, Emma? | -因为你不跟他睡觉 -第一次约会 |
[1:05:03] | It’s hardly a first date. You’ve lived next door for 15 years. | 不可能是第一个约会 你已经住隔壁有15年了 |
[1:05:09] | -Why not say the real reason? -What do you mean? | -为什么不说说真正原因 -我不知道你什么意思 |
[1:05:12] | It’s been that long since you’ve done it. | 你这样做已经很久了 |
[1:05:15] | Shut up! I mean it! Shut up! | 闭嘴 我认真的 闭嘴 |
[1:05:18] | Oh, it’s just me. | 哦 只是我 |
[1:05:19] | -No. -Call him! | -不 -打给他 |
[1:05:21] | -No! I’m hanging up. -OK, I’m sorry. | -不 我要挂了 -好的 对不起 |
[1:05:23] | -I’m hanging up. -Call him now! So long. | -我挂了 -现在就打给他 那么长时间 |
[1:06:33] | -Hello? -Hello, Garrett. | -你好 -你好 盖瑞特 |
[1:06:36] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[1:06:39] | Well, I was just sitting here realising… | 我刚坐在这里意识到 |
[1:06:43] | realising that I had never shown you my Renoir. | 我从没有展示 给你我的雷诺瓦 |
[1:06:46] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[1:06:48] | I’m inviting you to come over and look at my Renoir. | 我请你过来 看看我的雷诺瓦 |
[1:06:53] | -You’re inviting me to bed. -It happens to be in my bedroom. | -你在勾引我上床 -是的 在我的卧室 |
[1:06:58] | Is the Renoir under the covers? | 雷诺瓦 在床单下面 |
[1:07:03] | Don’t cackle, Garrett. | 别咯咯笑 盖瑞特 |
[1:07:06] | Do you want to see it? | 你想看吗 |
[1:07:08] | Do I want to come to your bedroom? | 我想去你的卧室吗 |
[1:07:13] | -Let me think. -Do you? | -让我想想 -想不想 |
[1:07:16] | Just give me a minute. It’s a tough one. | 只是 只是 让我考虑一下 很难决定 |
[1:07:28] | I guess… I don’t know. | 我想 我不知道 |
[1:07:31] | Yeah, OK. I guess so, sure, why not? | 好的 我猜可以的 是的 为什么不 |
[1:07:38] | I’ll see you in a bit. | 我一会儿就会看到你 |
[1:07:40] | If I don’t answer the bell, the back door’s open. | 如果我不应答 说明后门是开着的 |
[1:07:44] | The back door’s open. | 后门是开着的 |
[1:08:25] | My God. He ran it. | 上帝 他跑过来了 |
[1:08:59] | Hi. | 你好 |
[1:09:03] | I was doing laps when you called. | 你打电话时 我正在跑圈 |
[1:09:08] | Lucky for us, I only did eight. | 我们真幸运 我只做了8次 |
[1:09:14] | This is it. | 这就是了 |
[1:09:17] | This is the Renoir. | 这就是 雷诺瓦 |
[1:09:29] | I like it. | 我喜欢它 |
[1:09:33] | I like the painting. | 我喜欢这画 |
[1:09:37] | I like everything in here. | 这里的每样东西我都喜欢 |
[1:09:42] | Relax, baby… | 放松 宝贝 |
[1:09:44] | Now, just who do you think you’re talking to like this? | 现在 你认为你在和谁说话 |
[1:09:48] | Don’t you realise I’m a grandmother? | 难道没感觉到 我已经当祖母了 |
[1:10:11] | It’s not flattering to look too surprised. | 说实话 一点也看不出来 |
[1:10:16] | I’ll just be a minute. | 我马上回来 |
[1:10:34] | I like the lights on. | 我喜欢灯亮着 |
[1:10:36] | Then go home and turn them on. | 那就回家把灯都打开 |
[1:10:39] | Oh. I’m sorry. | 哦 对不起 |
[1:11:20] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[1:11:23] | Dad. Come on, wake up, Dad. | 爸爸 醒醒 爸爸 |
[1:11:27] | -What? What? -Melanie’s sick. | -怎么了 怎么了 -梅尔尼病了 |
[1:11:29] | -What? -Melanie’s sick. | -怎么了 -梅尔尼病了 |
[1:11:33] | -The baby’s sick. -The baby’s sick? | -小宝贝病了 -小宝贝病了 |
[1:11:38] | Are you coming, Flap? | 你过来吗 佛莱普 |
[1:11:40] | -What do you think’s wrong? -I have to look first. | -哪里病了 -我得先看看 |
[1:11:46] | Come on, Dad. | 来啊 爸爸 |
[1:11:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:11:59] | You can go to bed. She’s gonna be all right, she is. | 回床上去 她会好起来的 |
[1:12:02] | -I can’t sleep. -Go to bed, I’ll be there soon. | -我睡不着 回床上去 -我一会儿过去 |
[1:12:06] | We’re making this a drama. | 把这搞得像闹剧 太糟糕了 |
[1:12:08] | It’s not going to qualify as high drama. | 这不该是场闹剧 |
[1:12:11] | It’s OK, it’s OK. | 好了 好了 |
[1:12:15] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:12:19] | I’m sure it’s the croup. | 我确定这是哮喘 |
[1:12:23] | Remember, Tommy had it twice? | 记得吗 汤米得过两次 |
[1:12:27] | Guess you were in the library. | 估计那时你在图书馆 |
[1:12:35] | God, that’s the worst sound in the world. | 天哪 那是世界上 最糟糕的声音 |
[1:12:38] | How long do you keep her in here? | 你会让她在这里呆多久 |
[1:12:43] | -Why? Are you going back to bed? -I just asked how long. | -为什么 你要回床睡觉吗 -我只是问问需要多长时间 |
[1:12:50] | Well, I don’t know. | 嗯 我不知道 |
[1:12:52] | Until her throat clears or I lose 20 pounds, whichever comes first. | 直到她喉咙里痰清掉 或者我减去20磅 两者取其一 |
[1:12:57] | I don’t know, I don’t know. About 20 minutes, I guess. | 我不知道 我不知道 大概20分钟吧 |
[1:13:03] | I’ve been offered a job. | 我收到一份录用书 |
[1:13:07] | What? Why didn’t you say something? | 什么 干嘛不多说些 |
[1:13:12] | I wanted to think about it. | 我想考虑一下 |
[1:13:16] | It’s head of the English department at Kearney State College. | 是英语系主任 在科尔尼州立大学 |
[1:13:20] | About the same money. | 薪水一样 |
[1:13:22] | Oh. Where is it? | 在哪里 |
[1:13:25] | Nebraska. | 内布拉斯加 |
[1:13:32] | I really don’t want to move. | 我不想搬家 |
[1:13:34] | I love the school, the paediatricians… | 我热爱学校 那林荫道 |
[1:13:37] | It’s the head of the department. | 系主任 |
[1:13:41] | We’ll talk about it, all right? I like it here, Flap. | 我们稍后谈谈 好吗 我喜欢这里 佛莱普 |
[1:13:46] | Head of the department, that’s… That’s great. | 系主任 那 很棒 |
[1:13:55] | -Goodbye, Mom. -Bye. | -再见 妈妈 -再见 |
[1:13:57] | Come on, Teddy. | 过来 泰迪 |
[1:13:59] | Don’t kiss the baby, she may still be sick. | 别亲小宝贝 她可能还在生病 |
[1:14:03] | Have a good day at school. | 好好学习 |
[1:14:12] | Oh, you don’t know the night I had! | 哦 糟糕的一晚 |
[1:14:15] | Melanie decided to get the croup at 3am and I haven’t gotten any sleep. | 梅尔尼凌晨3点得上哮喘 而我整晚都没合眼 |
[1:14:21] | He may be kidding, | 他可能在开玩笑 |
[1:14:22] | but Flap says we’re going to some Nebraska college. | 但佛莱普说要带我们 搬去在内布拉斯加的大学 |
[1:14:26] | I’m not sure, but I think Sam is becoming someone that I need. | 我不确定 我想萨姆就是我需要的那人 |
[1:14:32] | I’m lying here next to the astronaut. | 我睡在宇航员边上 |
[1:14:35] | Are you really? | 真的 |
[1:14:39] | How was it? | 感觉如何 |
[1:14:41] | -I’ll speak to you later. -Oh, I feel so good for you. | -一会儿再和你说 -哦 我太为你高兴了 |
[1:14:46] | I do. You call me as soon as you can. | 尽快给我回电 |
[1:14:48] | -Bye. -Bye. | -再见 -再见 |
[1:14:52] | Mel… | 梅尔 |
[1:14:53] | OK, Mel. | 好的 梅尔 |
[1:15:00] | I just want to make this clear, you know. | 我想说说清楚 你知道的 |
[1:15:04] | I see other women. | 我看到其他女人 |
[1:15:08] | I didn’t think we were engaged. | 我不怎么确定 我们是否在约会 |
[1:15:10] | -OK, OK. -Your ego, really! | -好的 好的 -你这个自私的家伙 |
[1:15:12] | OK. Let’s stay in tonight. | 好吧 今晚一起过吧 |
[1:15:16] | -You’re saving a fortune on me. -I’ll cook. | -算是给我个机会 -我来做饭 |
[1:15:19] | It’s been three weeks, and you haven’t even seen my house. | 已经三个礼拜了 而你却连我家都没看到过 |
[1:15:24] | My best instincts had me avoiding it. | 我的直觉告诉我 应该尽量不去 |
[1:15:32] | What are you thinking? | 你在想什么 |
[1:15:44] | I’ll tell you what. | 我来告诉你吧 |
[1:15:49] | I think this is really sad, | 实在很糟糕 |
[1:15:51] | that you feel that you need all this stuff to impress girls with. | 我觉得需要用这些 来吸引女孩子 |
[1:15:55] | Need it? | 需要 |
[1:15:58] | Sometimes it isn’t enough. | 有时这还不够 |
[1:16:00] | There’s nothing wrong with using your assets. | 动用你的资本 没什么不对的 |
[1:16:04] | I think it turns your profession into a sex trap. | 我感觉这是在利用你的职业 设计一个性陷阱 |
[1:16:08] | Oh, come on. | 哦 算了吧 |
[1:16:12] | There’s 106 astronauts in the whole world and I’m one of them! | 世界上有106名宇航员 我是其中一员 |
[1:16:17] | It’s a big part of me. | 这是我的一部分 |
[1:16:20] | I’m sorry. I didn’t… | 对不起我并不是 |
[1:16:22] | I didn’t mean to trip on such a deeply felt principle. | 有意冒犯 如此神圣的原则 |
[1:16:40] | Do you want to know what bothers me? | 想知道什么让我困惑吗 |
[1:16:45] | None of us ever got together in one room, locked all the doors, | 我们中间从没一起呆在一间屋子里 关上所有门 |
[1:16:51] | and compared notes on the experience. | 分享我们的经历 |
[1:16:55] | I think we had to pretend it wasn’t the fun that it was. | 我想我们得假装 这乐趣并非来自 |
[1:17:03] | You do sense the speed. | 你们能感受到速度 |
[1:17:05] | I remember looking out the window of the spacecraft… | 我记得从宇宙飞船 窗子看出去 |
[1:17:11] | I sound like somebody with a big belly telling their Korea stories. | 听起来就像一个大肚子家伙 在讲他自己关于韩国的故事 |
[1:17:16] | Anyway, once I’m looking out the window. | 不管怎么说 我从窗子里看出去 |
[1:17:19] | I see a piece of the spacecraft, and it’s whistling along the ground. | 看到了宇宙飞船的一部分 这在绕着地球飞啸而过 |
[1:17:24] | It doesn’t make a sound. | 万籁俱寂 |
[1:17:27] | The only sound you hear, the only noise in the entire world, | 唯一能听到的 这世界上唯一的声音 |
[1:17:34] | is your heart beating. | 就是你的心跳 |
[1:17:44] | It’s indescribable. | 难以形容 |
[1:17:46] | Maybe they can think of a better way of saying it, but that was it. | 但不管怎么说 我没法用更好的语句来描述 |
[1:17:50] | That was my moment, the one that doesn’t go away. | 那是我自己的时刻 永不消逝 |
[1:17:55] | You know what I mean? | 理解我的意思吗 |
[1:17:58] | Yes. | 能理解 |
[1:18:03] | Hey… | 嘿 |
[1:18:05] | This is my moment. | 现在是我的那一刻了 |
[1:18:14] | No, don’t get nervous, Garrett. | 别害羞 |
[1:18:29] | Flap? | 佛莱普 |
[1:18:34] | Anybody? | 有人吗 |
[1:18:56] | You don’t think it’s love because we’re having fun. | 你不认为这是爱情 因为我们只是玩玩而已 |
[1:18:59] | Love can be fun. Would you stop making faces? | 爱情一样有快乐 能别做鬼脸吗 |
[1:19:07] | That’s wonderful. | 太好了 |
[1:19:09] | What we have here is a typical grad-school girl crush. | 这里仅仅是一个 大学女孩对老师的迷恋 |
[1:19:13] | Would you please, please, please stop telling me this is a crush? | 能不说 这仅仅是迷恋吗 |
[1:19:18] | The fun with getting involved with someone unavailable | 和几乎不可能的又有点老的某人约会 |
[1:19:21] | and slightly older is sometimes you get to hear what’s really going on. | 其乐趣正如通常你听说的 就是那样 |
[1:19:26] | -Flap, you are such a… -Incredible asshole! | -佛莱普 你这个 -恶心的家伙 |
[1:19:33] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[1:19:41] | -Excuse me. -Watch it, buddy! | -对不起 -看着点 老友 |
[1:19:44] | Emma! | 艾玛 |
[1:19:48] | God damn it, Emma, you’ll ruin us! | 见鬼 艾玛 你会毁了我们 |
[1:19:52] | -Cos you’re a spectacle! -I am not! | -因为你是个障碍 -我不是 |
[1:19:57] | Stop jiggling her, she’ll throw up. | 别摇晃孩子 她会摔下来的 |
[1:20:00] | Your timing was perfect. | 你来得太巧了 |
[1:20:02] | You caught us before we did anything. | 在我们要做什么前 你抓住了我们 |
[1:20:05] | I’m taking the kids to Houston. | 我把孩子带去休斯顿 |
[1:20:09] | Give me the baby. | 把孩子给我 |
[1:20:11] | You don’t know what I did, | 你不知道我做了什么 |
[1:20:14] | just like I don’t know what you do on your afternoon drives. | 就好像我不知道你 下午开车去了哪里 |
[1:20:20] | Professor Horton, can we talk about my grade? | 霍顿教授 我们能谈谈 我的成绩吗 |
[1:20:24] | You ought to be happy I’m going. | 你应该对我离开表示高兴 |
[1:20:28] | If I stayed here, I’d make life hell for you. | 如果我留在这里 对你而言会是场梦魇 |
[1:20:32] | Don’t follow me. | 别跟着我 |
[1:20:33] | Excuse me. Excuse me. | 劳驾 劳驾 |
[1:20:37] | Excuse me! Excuse me! | 劳驾 劳驾 |
[1:20:47] | It’s them. It’s them! | 是他们 是他们 |
[1:21:02] | -Garrett, come meet Emma. -No, you don’t need outsiders. | -盖瑞特 来见见艾玛 -不 你不需要局外人 |
[1:21:06] | -You’re no outsider! -I’ll see them later. | -你不是局外人 -晚些再见她们吧 |
[1:21:09] | Em, Em, this is Garrett. | 嗯 这是盖瑞特 |
[1:21:12] | Oh! Pleasure to meet you. I’ve heard so much about you. | 噢 很高兴见到你 我听说了很多关于你的事情 |
[1:21:16] | Your mother’s been looking forward to this, too. | 你母亲一直想见你 |
[1:21:21] | So, go ahead. | 那么 你们继续 |
[1:21:27] | -Anything wrong, Garrett? -No. | -怎么了 盖瑞特 -没什么 |
[1:21:30] | It was very nice to have met you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[1:21:33] | Must be nice to be home. | 回家感觉一定很好 |
[1:21:35] | Oh, it’s great. It’s great. | 很不错 真的很好 |
[1:21:39] | I’ll be over later. | 我一会儿回来 |
[1:21:41] | They’re tired, and will get to sleep early, | 孩子们累了 会早早上床的 |
[1:21:44] | and I’d like to get to bed early. | 我也会很早上床的 |
[1:21:47] | Grandma, Grandma, Grandma! | 外婆 外婆 外婆 |
[1:21:51] | Bye-bye. | 再见 |
[1:21:52] | Come on out. All right. This one likes to squeeze. | 下车吧好的 这小家伙喜欢挤在一起 |
[1:21:58] | Teddy likes to squeeze, Tommy likes a squeeze. You both get a squeeze. | 泰迪喜欢挤 汤米也喜欢挤 你们就挤在一起了 |
[1:22:04] | The baby. Where’s the baby? | 小宝贝 小宝贝在哪里 |
[1:22:08] | Oh, there is my baby. Look at the baby! | 噢 我的小宝贝 看看小宝贝 |
[1:22:18] | I think she looks a little like you. | 她长得有点像你啊 |
[1:22:20] | A little? Gee, it’s like looking in the mirror. | 有点 她就像和我 一个模子里造出来的 |
[1:22:27] | She loved the ride. She hardly cried at all. | 她喜欢兜风 一路上她很少哭 |
[1:22:33] | -Bring in the suitcases. -OK. | -把行李拿进来吧 -好的 |
[1:22:36] | -Mom… -Well, I talk to you every day. | -妈 -嗯 我每天都要和你聊天 |
[1:22:42] | -Mother, you look great. -You look terrible. | -妈妈 你看起来很好 -你看起来很糟糕 |
[1:22:45] | Nobody wants a girl who’s washed-out and tired-looking. | 没人要一个精疲力尽的女孩的 |
[1:22:50] | I just drove about 1,000 miles. | 我刚开了1000公里路 |
[1:22:52] | Besides, all the men love me the way I am, Mother. | 还有 男人喜欢 我的生活方式 |
[1:22:55] | It’s like you, when you finally take one small step away from Flap, | 当你最终迈开了 离开佛莱普的一小步 就像你了 |
[1:23:00] | it’s with a married, unavailable, older lowan, hmm? | 是和结婚 不可能 又略老的衣阿华 嗯 |
[1:23:07] | Tell me about the astronaut. | 讲讲宇航员吧 |
[1:23:10] | We have to talk about it. | 我们必须谈谈 |
[1:23:11] | Are you going to sleep now, or are we gonna talk? | 你现在要去睡觉了 还是我们一起聊聊天 |
[1:23:28] | How’s the astronaut, Mother? | 宇航员怎么样 |
[1:23:34] | Really? | 真的 |
[1:23:37] | Oh, really? | 噢 真的吗 |
[1:23:40] | Yes! | 真的 |
[1:23:42] | He has a name, though. | 他可很出名 |
[1:23:44] | You really like him. | 你真的很喜欢他 |
[1:23:47] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:23:50] | Well, it’s just so… | 嗯 那就像 |
[1:23:54] | It’s so strange that relatively… | 太奇怪了 这来得 |
[1:23:58] | Relatively late in life, I’ve found that sex is so… | 如此地晚 我才发现性是如此 |
[1:24:04] | so… so… | 如此 如此 |
[1:24:08] | so… | 如此 |
[1:24:10] | so fan-fucking-tastic! | 如此地美妙绝伦 |
[1:24:14] | Anyway, that’s what he calls it. | 不管怎样 那是他称呼的方式 |
[1:24:36] | A moth to flame. | 飞蛾扑火般 |
[1:24:40] | This affair is going to kill me. | 这感情会杀了我的 |
[1:24:44] | No. Maybe not. Why do you say that? | 不 也许不会 你为什么这么说 |
[1:24:49] | Come on, Mom. | 振作点 妈 |
[1:24:51] | I never thought I’d start to need him. | 我从未想过 我会开始需要他 |
[1:24:59] | You’re so lucky you have a pool. | 你太幸运了 能有这么个游泳池 |
[1:25:09] | Come on, stand there. Stand there! | 来吧 站在那里 站在那里 |
[1:25:17] | -OK. -OK. | -好的 -好的 |
[1:25:19] | Let’s talk about Los Angeles. Do you miss it? | 谈谈洛杉矶 你想念那城市吗 |
[1:25:26] | It was so interesting dating Jews after the divorce. | 在离婚后和犹太人 约会太有趣了 |
[1:25:30] | They are so lively. | 他们太可爱了 |
[1:25:32] | -Really? -Yeah. | -真的 -是啊 |
[1:25:34] | In Los Angeles, they were so anxious | 在洛杉矶 他们那么急着 |
[1:25:37] | to show they understood your secret thoughts. | 证明他们比其他人 更懂得你的小秘密 |
[1:25:40] | -Patsy! -And I was just glad I had some. | -佩特西 -我很高兴我有好多小秘密 |
[1:25:44] | Honey, there’s a telephone call for you. | 亲爱的 你的电话 |
[1:25:48] | Hello. | 你好 |
[1:25:51] | Oh, hi, Flap. How are you? | 噢 嗨 佛莱普 你好吗 |
[1:25:54] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[1:25:59] | -I look older, like everyone else. -She does not. | -像其他人那样 我看起来变老了 -她没有 |
[1:26:04] | Flap, you sound the same and I’m not sure that’s such a good thing. | 佛莱普 你还是那意思 我不认为那是好事 |
[1:26:09] | Yeah, she’s right here. | 是的 她在这里 |
[1:26:12] | No, we have other things to talk about besides you. | 不 除了你 我们有其他东西可谈 |
[1:26:21] | Hello? | 喂 |
[1:26:23] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[1:26:27] | What’s up? Feeling contrite? | 怎么了 要痛改前非 |
[1:26:32] | You don’t seem to understand. I saw you together. | 看起来你还没明白 我看到你们在一起 |
[1:26:37] | What? | 什么 |
[1:26:40] | You know, Flap, I can’t believe you’re doing this to us. | 你知道的 我难以相信你对我们做了这些 |
[1:26:46] | Well, I think you’re spiteful, | 我觉得你太坏了 |
[1:26:49] | and I don’t know when the hell that happened. | 我不知道那是在什么时候发生的 |
[1:26:53] | No! Goodbye. I’ll… Goodbye. | 不 再见 我要 再见 |
[1:27:06] | Flap accepted the job at Kearney, Nebraska. We’re moving in a week. | 佛莱普接受了 那份大学系主任的工作 下星期我们搬家 |
[1:27:12] | I don’t know why you don’t leave him. | 我不明白你为什么不离开他 |
[1:27:14] | Honestly, I don’t know, either. He’s cute. | 老实说 我也不知道 他很可爱 |
[1:27:39] | I’ve been packing for us all week. | 整个礼拜我都在整理东西 |
[1:27:50] | Sure remembers her daddy. | 还记得她爸爸 |
[1:27:55] | So, are you gonna stay mad? | 你还生气吗 |
[1:27:57] | I think being uprooted without | 没得到我允许前搬家 |
[1:27:59] | my consent is worth a pout, don’t you? | 我该发点小脾气吧 难道不对吗 |
[1:28:07] | Come on. | 算了吧 |
[1:28:10] | -Head of the department. -I know. | -系主任 -我知道 |
[1:28:12] | Here. | 这里 |
[1:28:20] | -Aurora? -Garrett! I’m back here. | -奥罗拉 -盖瑞特 我回来了 |
[1:28:26] | Well, hello, stranger. | 嘿 你好啊 陌生人 |
[1:28:28] | What’s it been, about two days? | 两天过得怎么样 |
[1:28:32] | Your family still around? | 你家人还在 |
[1:28:36] | No, they left. | 不 已经走了 |
[1:28:41] | What? | 什么 |
[1:28:56] | You probably know what I’m going to say. | 你可能知道我要说什么 |
[1:29:02] | Oh, maybe not. I hope not. | 不 也许不知道 我不希望知道 |
[1:29:10] | Well… | 嗯 |
[1:29:13] | You’re some kind of woman, but I’m the wrong kind of man, | 你是那一类女人 而我可能不是那一类男人 |
[1:29:19] | and it doesn’t look like my shot at being the right kind is… | 看起来我所追求的那一类 |
[1:29:24] | as good as I was hoping for. | 不是正如我所想的 |
[1:29:30] | You don’t even know how much you’ll miss me. | 你不明白我有多想你 |
[1:29:35] | I don’t want to blow smoke up your ass. | 我不想把你踢飞 |
[1:29:37] | Oh! What a relief. | 噢 这是怎么种解脱 |
[1:29:43] | It’s just that I’m starting to feel an obligation here. | 这只是开始让我 觉得要担起责任来 |
[1:29:47] | It makes it rough, especially living next door. | 感觉很难 尤其是当邻居 |
[1:29:52] | I’m starting to think I gotta watch what I’m doing… | 我开始思考 我得注意我的一举 |
[1:30:11] | I… I am gonna miss you… | 我会想念你 |
[1:30:16] | and I do feel bad. | 我感觉很糟糕 |
[1:30:23] | You’re lucky. | 你很幸运 |
[1:30:26] | I feel humiliated. | 我感觉被羞辱了 |
[1:30:54] | Can I have a picture of you? | 能要一张照片吗 |
[1:30:56] | Yeah, but the only one I have has Flap in it. | 是的 但我只有一张照片了 那里面也有佛莱普 |
[1:30:59] | I don’t mind. | 没关系 |
[1:31:22] | Come here, give me a kiss. | 来 亲我一口 |
[1:31:57] | When you finish, I need this kind of type. | 当你完成后 我需要这类的磁带 |
[1:32:00] | Hello, Emma. Hi, baby. | 你好 艾玛 嗨 宝贝 |
[1:32:04] | She wanted her daddy to see her dressed up. | 她想她爸爸看她穿好衣服的样子 |
[1:32:07] | He’ll be here any minute. | 他随时都会到 |
[1:32:09] | -I’ll talk to you later. -OK. | -一会我再和你谈 -好的 |
[1:32:15] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[1:32:25] | Miss? | 小姐 |
[1:32:28] | Miss? | 小姐 |
[1:32:39] | Don’t make me run after you, I have a toddler here! | 别让我一直追着你 我有个小孩 |
[1:33:07] | Are you the reason that we came to Nebraska? | 你是我们来 内布拉斯加的原因吗 |
[1:33:11] | I think that Flap should talk to you. | 我想那应该 由佛莱普来回答你 |
[1:33:15] | We discussed that. | 我们谈谈吧 |
[1:33:17] | I don’t want to say anything until he does, except that | 在他和你谈之前 我不想和你说话 除非我认为 |
[1:33:21] | I don’t think there’s an emotion you’re having I couldn’t… validate. | 你们之间不再有感情 但我现在无法确认 |
[1:33:33] | Tell you what. | 告诉你 |
[1:33:35] | If you see Flap, tell him his wife and his baby | 如果你见到佛莱普 告诉他 他妻子和孩子 |
[1:33:39] | went to get their flu shots, all right? | 去打针了 好吗 |
[1:33:41] | Why don’t you do that? | 你为什么不那样做 |
[1:33:48] | Just hold still. | 就这样保持 |
[1:33:52] | That’s a good girl. | 乖孩子 |
[1:33:53] | OK? You’re all finished. It’s all over. | 好了 都完了吗 结束了 |
[1:33:58] | If it makes you feel any better, Mommy’s getting a shot, too. | 如果你觉得好些了 轮到妈咪了 |
[1:34:03] | -Can I give her a pop? -Sure. | -她能吃泡泡糖吗 -可以 |
[1:34:06] | -Here. -There you go. | -这边 -去一边玩吧 |
[1:34:10] | Are they gonna tell me if my husband calls? | 如果我丈夫打电话来 他们会告诉我吗 |
[1:34:15] | You have a lump in your armpit. | 你手臂上有硬块 |
[1:34:17] | -How long has it been there? -I don’t know. | -多久了 -我不知道 |
[1:34:20] | Melanie, stop kicking the cabinet! | 梅尔尼 别去踢柜子 |
[1:34:23] | There’s two of them. It’s not very big, though. | 有两个 但都不算大 |
[1:34:26] | I have to be out of town next week but you shouldn’t wait. | 我要离开城里 但你不能再等下去 |
[1:34:30] | They should come out. | 它们应该被取出来 |
[1:34:32] | Come out? Should I be scared? | 取出来 我该为此担心吗 |
[1:34:35] | If you’re scared, you’ll be happier when it turns out to be nothing. | 如果你担心 那么你会高兴 发现其实什么事也没有 |
[1:34:41] | Dr Butch, Mom should get a pop, too, for her shot. | 布吉医生 妈妈也该奖励块泡泡糖 |
[1:34:46] | -Right. Here, Mom. -Thanks, Mel. | -对给 妈咪 -谢谢 梅尔 |
[1:34:50] | Well, I know what it is. | 我知道这是什么 |
[1:34:52] | You don’t keep yourself up so your sweat glands are clogged. | 你的毛囊堵塞 |
[1:34:56] | -It’s a cyst. -So I shouldn’t worry? | -这是胞囊 -那么我就不需要担心了 |
[1:34:58] | It’s a cyst, right where your oil glands are. | 是胞囊 就在脂肪腺边上 |
[1:35:01] | You never knew how to eat right and you’ve never learned how to wash. | 你吃的东西不对 也没学会该怎么洗 |
[1:35:06] | You’re right. Thanks. Talk to Melanie. | 你是对的 谢谢 和梅尔尼讲几句 |
[1:35:09] | -Say hi. -Hi. | -说”嗨”-嗨 |
[1:35:10] | Hello, how are you? I sent you a blouse. | 你好 我给你邮了衬衣 |
[1:35:13] | -Say goodbye. -Bye. | -说”再见”-再见 |
[1:35:15] | OK. Say good… Say goodbye to your mother. | 好说 代我向妈咪告别 |
[1:35:28] | What’s her name? | 她叫什么名字 |
[1:35:30] | Janice. What did the doctor say? | 珍妮丝 医生怎么说 |
[1:35:33] | I told you, Flap. It’s scary that he wants to do it so fast. | 告诉你 佛莱普 他想尽快把它取出来 |
[1:35:38] | Janice… with her little folder. | 珍妮丝 拿着小文件夹 |
[1:35:41] | “I can’t say anything until he does. | “除非他说了 否则我什么也不说 |
[1:35:43] | We’ve discussed it, Flap and I.” | 我们已经讨论过了 佛莱普和我” |
[1:35:46] | I mean, really, Flap! “Validate my feelings.” Your taste! | 真的吗 佛莱普”验证我的感觉”你的品味 |
[1:35:50] | What the doctor said, feeling good when it turns out… | 但是医生说 把它取出来感觉会更好 |
[1:35:53] | No! Forget it, I won’t make you feel better, I’m too mad. | 不 忘了它吧 我不会让你好受的 我太生气了 |
[1:35:57] | Dinner! | 开饭 |
[1:36:14] | Dear, you have a malignancy. | 亲爱的 你得了 恶性的 |
[1:36:24] | -Say it again? -Malignancy. | -再说一遍 -恶性的 |
[1:36:30] | Rosie… our girl is in trouble. | 罗西 我们的女儿遇上麻烦了 |
[1:36:35] | She has a cyst that’s malignant. | 她得了恶性肿瘤 |
[1:36:38] | They’re taking her to a hospital in Lincoln, Nebraska. | 他们把她带去 在林肯的一家医院 |
[1:36:49] | We’ll release her in a few days. | 我们会让她 回家几天 |
[1:36:51] | We do more and more on an outpatient basis. | 我们会好好护理她的 |
[1:36:55] | We shouldn’t need to take her back, unless the illness escalates. | 除非肿瘤扩大 她都无需回医院 |
[1:36:59] | But you’re not telling me anything. | 但你什么也没告诉我 |
[1:37:01] | What are you confused about? | 你对什么还不明白 |
[1:37:03] | How is she? | 她怎么样了 |
[1:37:06] | I tell people to hope for the best and prepare for the worst. | 我告诉大家做最好 做最坏的打算 |
[1:37:12] | And they let you get away with that? | 他们让你如此悲观 |
[1:37:15] | Look, you’re wrong to see everything as so desperate and serious. | 瞧 你这么悲观是不对的 |
[1:37:20] | And it won’t do your daughter any good to get those signals, either. | 这给艾玛没有什么意义 |
[1:37:30] | What’s wrong now? | 现在还有什么问题 |
[1:37:33] | I’m so frustrated with that doctor. But it boils down to this. | 我对那医生生气 你有点过于伤悲了 |
[1:37:37] | You’re getting out and you don’t have to stay here again. | 你没必要再呆在这里 |
[1:37:41] | Unless the illness spreads. I really don’t feel sick. | 除非肿瘤扩大 我一点都不觉得自己生病了 |
[1:37:45] | Hey, Emma. Come to New York for a visit. My treat. | 嘿 艾玛 去纽约吧 我请你 |
[1:37:50] | Great. We’ll have to see. Look at these letters from the kids. | 好极了我们得看看 看看这封来自孩子们的信 |
[1:37:54] | Teddy says he couldn’t sleep, but Melanie slept fine. | 泰迪说他睡不着 但梅尔尼可以 |
[1:37:59] | Tommy thinks there’s nothing to be concerned about… | 汤米觉得没有 什么需要担心的 |
[1:38:03] | Hey, I mean it! You have time before you see the doctor. | 嘿 我是认真的 在你看医生之前你还有时间 |
[1:38:07] | Come see New York for a few days. | 来看看纽约 |
[1:38:11] | It’s not a bad idea, a vacation by yourself. | 不是个坏主意 对你而言只是休下假 |
[1:38:14] | Rosie and I are here with the kids. | 罗西和我 还有孩子们都在这里 |
[1:38:16] | -Take advantage of your freedom. -I know you wanna go. | -利用你的空闲时间 -我知道你希望去 |
[1:38:20] | This isn’t like taking those kids to Disneyland right before the end? | 这和把孩子们带去 迪斯尼乐园不同 |
[1:38:25] | Stop! | 住嘴 |
[1:38:27] | -Oh, I’m sorry. -Patsy, I’m kidding! | -哦 对不起 -佩特西 我开玩笑的 |
[1:38:35] | Do you feel funny about leaving the kids? | 你觉得离开 孩子们好玩吗 |
[1:38:38] | I’m not leaving them, I’m entrusting them to their father. | 我没有离开他们 我只是把 他们委托给他们的父亲 |
[1:38:43] | Oh, I thought as long as your mother and Rosie are in town… | 哦 虽然我不会像你母亲 和罗西在城里那么长时间 |
[1:38:47] | Not them. You. | 不是他们 是你 |
[1:39:01] | -Emma, look! Look! Look! -Are we there yet? | -艾玛 看哪 看哪 看哪 -我们到了吗 |
[1:39:05] | Oh, God! I can’t believe I’m here! | 天哪 真不敢相信 我在这里 |
[1:39:08] | Isn’t it beautiful? | 很漂亮 不是吗 |
[1:39:09] | I want you to meet some of my friends. Not friends like you and I. | 我希望你见见我的朋友 没什么好友像我和你这样 |
[1:39:16] | -Hi. -Hi. | -嗨 -嗨 |
[1:39:18] | Emma, this is Lizbeth. | 艾玛 这是莉兹白 |
[1:39:20] | -Hi, Elizabeth. -Hi. It’s Lizbeth. | -嗨 伊丽莎白 -嗨 莉兹白 |
[1:39:24] | -Isn’t that what I said? -You said “Elizabeth”. It’s Lizbeth. | -我说的不对吗 -你说”伊丽莎白”实际上这是莉兹白 |
[1:39:28] | Oh, two names? Liz Beth? | 哦 两个名字 莉兹 白 |
[1:39:31] | No, one. Lizbeth. | 不 一个 莉兹白 |
[1:39:33] | -Lizbeth? -Never mind. | -莉兹 白 -没关系 |
[1:39:35] | -And this is Jane. -Thank heavens! | -这是简 -谢天谢地 |
[1:39:42] | Here, that’s Melanie. | 这儿 那是梅尔尼 |
[1:39:43] | Oh! Look at that! | 噢 看看那 |
[1:39:46] | Teddy’s the younger one, Tommy’s the older one. | 泰迪是年纪小的 另一个是汤米 |
[1:39:52] | -The little girl’s incredible. -Don’t think she doesn’t know it. | -那小女孩 太不可思议了 -别以为她不知道 |
[1:39:56] | Oh, Patsy’s got a real thing going with her. The boys, too. | 哦 佩特西要好好照顾她 男孩子们也一样 |
[1:40:00] | Are you waiting till she’s in school before working again? | 哦 你要在再次工作前 等到她回学校吗 |
[1:40:04] | Oh, I never really work. | 我从未真正意义上工作过 |
[1:40:07] | Well. That’s OK. | 嗯 那就好 |
[1:40:10] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:40:15] | Great. | 太好了 |
[1:40:20] | When did she find out? | 她什么时候发现的 |
[1:40:23] | -About a month ago. -There. | -一个月前 -那里 |
[1:40:30] | -What’s wrong? -Nothing. | -怎么了 -没事 |
[1:40:32] | It was a great honour meeting you, have a wonderful time. | 见到你很高兴 玩得开心点 |
[1:40:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:40:37] | Those beautiful children are lucky to have you for a mommy. | 那些可爱的孩子们很幸运 有你这样一位母亲 |
[1:40:41] | Y’all go ahead, take the first cab. | 你们先走 打车去吧 |
[1:40:44] | -Sure? -Yeah. That’s fine. | -确定吗 -嗯 那很好 |
[1:40:47] | -Bye-bye, Patsy. -See you. | -再见 佩特西 -再见 |
[1:40:49] | Bye, darling. | 再见 亲爱的 |
[1:40:54] | -You told them, didn’t you? -Yeah, you don’t mind, do you? | -你告诉她们了 不是吗 -是的 你不介意吧 |
[1:40:58] | Of course not. | 当然不介意 |
[1:41:02] | Emma, come on. They’re jerks. They don’t know anything. | 艾玛 算了吧 她们是垃圾 她们什么也不懂 |
[1:41:06] | -Why do they act like that? -Emma, talk to me! | -你干嘛这么说 -艾玛 告诉我 |
[1:41:09] | It’s not you. I don’t care. I don’t mind them knowing. | 这不是你 我不在意他们知道 |
[1:41:15] | In less than two hours, two of them told me that they’d had abortions. | 在至少两个小时里 她们其中两个告诉我 她们堕过胎 |
[1:41:21] | Three of them told me they were divorced. | 三个说离过婚 |
[1:41:24] | One hasn’t talked to her mother in four years. | 一个和她母亲几年没说过话 |
[1:41:27] | And the one that has little Natalie in a boarding school | 还有一个把她的娜塔莉 放在寄居学校 |
[1:41:30] | because she has to travel for her job? | 就因为她工作需要出差 |
[1:41:33] | Hell, Patsy! | 天哪 佩特西 |
[1:41:35] | Oh, the one with the yeast disease that thought she had vaginal herpes? | 那得了酵母菌的家伙 以为她得了性病 |
[1:41:41] | If that’s fit conversation for lunch, | 如果那是午餐合适的话题 |
[1:41:44] | what’s so god-awful terrible about my little tumours? | 我的小肿块又算得上 什么可怕的事情呢 |
[1:41:49] | Yeah, of course, but… what do you want me to do? | 嗯 当然 但是 你要我怎么做 |
[1:41:54] | I want you to tell them it ain’t so tragic! | 告诉她们这不是 什么悲惨的事情 |
[1:41:59] | People do get better. | 人人都会好起来的 |
[1:42:02] | Tell them it’s OK to talk about the cancer! | 告诉她们 谈谈癌症没关系 |
[1:42:12] | Patsy tells us you have cancer. | 佩特西告诉我们 你患上癌症 |
[1:42:17] | We should talk later. | 我们得谈谈 |
[1:42:19] | I’m a nutritionist, and my husband’s with Ticketron. | 我是营养学家 我丈夫在Ticketron工作 |
[1:42:25] | Thanks, Patsy. | 谢谢 佩特西 |
[1:42:27] | -Hello. -Flap? Have you heard anything? | -你好 -佛莱普 你听说什么了吗 |
[1:42:31] | No. Emma hasn’t called you either, then, huh? | 没有 艾玛也没给你打过电话 嗯 |
[1:42:35] | No. How are the children? | 没有 孩子们怎么样了 |
[1:42:37] | I wish I were so carefree. | 我希望我什么都不管才好 |
[1:42:41] | Yes, well, they don’t have anything to feel ashamed about. | 是的 还好 他们没什么要感到羞愧的 |
[1:42:45] | You know something? You always lose your manners around me. | 你知道些什么 对我你总是要发脾气 |
[1:42:48] | Stop it, Flap. Let me know if you hear. | 住嘴 佛莱普 听我说 |
[1:42:51] | If you talk to Emma, don’t sound so frightened. | 如果你和艾玛说话 别像现在这样紧张 |
[1:42:54] | I don’t sound… frightened! | 我一点也不紧张 |
[1:42:59] | Daddy. | 爸爸 |
[1:43:10] | Hi, Mother. They’re having this party for me so I can’t talk very long. | 嗨 妈妈 他们为我开party 我不能说很长时间 |
[1:43:14] | But I think I’m coming home a few days early. | 我想我会提早回来的 |
[1:43:20] | Not really. | 还没有 |
[1:43:24] | It’s about time they gave us this room. | 该是我们用这个 房间的时候了 |
[1:43:27] | Mother, I can’t believe you did this. It’s great. | 妈 难以置信 你布置了这些 |
[1:43:31] | Careful! These are worth more than you’ll make in your lifetime. | 小心 它们可是很值钱的 你一辈子也挣不回来 |
[1:43:36] | I grew up with it, you can take it for a couple of minutes. | 我一生和她相伴 你可以用一段时间 |
[1:43:39] | This is fine. Thank you so much. | 真不错 真的要谢谢你 |
[1:43:44] | Thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[1:43:49] | Oh, they’re wonderful! | 噢 它们看起来太漂亮了 |
[1:43:52] | They look good next to each other. | 尤其是放在一起 |
[1:44:03] | Help me with this, Melanie. Gorgeous isn’t everything. | 帮我一下 梅尔尼 漂亮可不是一切啊 |
[1:44:07] | This one, this one… two more. | 这个 这个 再要两个 |
[1:44:15] | The response to the drugs we tried… | 我们尝试的药物的效果 |
[1:44:20] | isn’t what we hoped. | 和我们预想的不同 |
[1:44:22] | There are investigatory drugs which we are willing to utilise. | 我们还有试验性 药品想使用 |
[1:44:28] | However, if you become incapacitated, | 不过 如果你 身体状态不好 |
[1:44:31] | or it becomes unreasonable for you to handle your affairs for a time, | 或者你觉得 无需这样医治 |
[1:44:35] | it might be wise to make some decisions now. | 你最好现在就做决定 |
[1:44:46] | Any questions? | 还有问题吗 |
[1:44:48] | No. | 没有 |
[1:44:54] | I know what you’re saying. | 我明白你的意思 |
[1:44:56] | I have to figure out what to do with my kids. | 我得想想该 怎么告诉孩子们 |
[1:45:21] | Excuse me. It’s after ten. Give my daughter the pain shot. | 对不起 已经10:00以后了 给我女儿打止痛针 |
[1:45:25] | Mrs Greenway, I was going to. | 格林威妈妈 我会的 |
[1:45:27] | -Good. Go ahead. -Just a few minutes. | -好的 快点 -稍微等一下 |
[1:45:30] | Please. It’s after ten. | 求你了已经10:00 |
[1:45:32] | I don’t see why she has to have this pain? | 我不明白 为什么她要得这病 |
[1:45:35] | -Ma’am, It’s not my patient. -It’s time! Do something! | -妈妈 这不是我的病人 -这是时候了 做事 |
[1:45:39] | All she has to do is hold on until ten! | 她就需要坚持到10点 |
[1:45:41] | And it’s past ten! My daughter’s in pain! | 已经过了10:00了 我女儿她很痛 |
[1:45:46] | -Give her the shot! -Are you going to behave? | -给我女儿打针 -你们打不打 |
[1:45:48] | GIVE MY DAUGHTER THE SHOT! | 快给我女儿打针 |
[1:45:55] | Thank you very much. Thank you. | 谢谢谢谢 |
[1:46:04] | Can I have 222, please? | 给我222房间钥匙 谢谢 |
[1:46:31] | -Let’s get her! -I’m pushing Grandma in! | -去抓住她 -我把外婆推进水中 |
[1:46:34] | Don’t you dare! I mean it. | 你们敢 我说真的 |
[1:46:38] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[1:46:41] | -Say, “Hi, Granny.” -Hi, Granny. | -说”外婆好”-外婆好 |
[1:46:45] | Aurora? | 奥罗拉 |
[1:47:19] | Well… | 嗯 |
[1:47:22] | Who would have expected you to be a nice guy? | 谁能想到你是个好人 |
[1:47:40] | Who? | 谁 |
[1:47:43] | It’s good to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[1:48:00] | Take care of yourself. I’ll call you. | 保重 我会给你打电话 |
[1:48:08] | I’m real glad I came. | 我能来我感到很高兴 |
[1:48:11] | Your coming meant a lot to Emma. | 对艾玛而言意义重大 |
[1:48:13] | It meant a lot to me, Garrett. | 对我也一样 盖瑞特 |
[1:48:16] | I’ll be at the hospital all the time, I’ll call you. | 我整天都会呆在医院 我会给你打电话 |
[1:48:20] | No, if there’s someone there, | 不 如果那里有其他什么人 |
[1:48:22] | I’ll hear that funny sound in your voice. | 我能从你话里听到那有趣的声音 |
[1:48:24] | I don’t care. Who cares? I don’t care. | 我不在乎 谁在意 我不在乎 |
[1:48:27] | I’m glad you came, I love you. | 很高兴你能来 我爱你 |
[1:48:47] | Garrett! | 盖瑞特 |
[1:48:49] | Garrett! | 盖瑞特 |
[1:48:51] | Come here. | 到这边来 |
[1:48:58] | I was curious. | 我是认真的 |
[1:48:59] | Do you have any reaction to my telling you I love you? | 对我告诉你 我爱你有什么反应呢 |
[1:49:04] | I was just inches from a clean getaway. | 这离分别只有一寸之距 |
[1:49:08] | Well, you’re stuck, so face it. | 你呆了一下 面对吧 |
[1:49:14] | Well, I don’t know what else to say except my stock answer. | 我不知道除了 呆一下还能说什么 |
[1:49:18] | Which is? | 哪些 |
[1:49:21] | I love you, too, kid. | 我也爱你 宝贝 |
[1:49:44] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[1:49:55] | At the airport, we were standing there | 我送他到机场 我们站在那里 |
[1:49:58] | in front of the door hugging and kissing, and saying goodbye. | 拥抱 然后吻别 |
[1:50:03] | -And you know what? -What? | -你知道吗 -什么 |
[1:50:06] | I got up the nerve to tell him I loved him. | 我告诉他我爱他 |
[1:50:10] | You know what his reaction was? | 你知道他怎么反应的吗 |
[1:50:12] | I don’t give a shit, Mom, I’m sick. | 想不出来 妈妈 我病了 |
[1:50:19] | Not everything is about you, I’ve got a lot to figure out. | 不是每件事都关于你的 我有太多事情要想 |
[1:50:25] | I just don’t wanna fight any more. | 我不想再抗争下去了 |
[1:50:27] | What do you mean? When do we fight? | 你什么意思 我们什么时候抗争过 |
[1:50:32] | When do we fight? You amaze me. | 我们什么时候抗争过 你吓着我了 |
[1:50:34] | I always think of us as fighting. | 我一直以为我们在抗争 |
[1:50:38] | That’s from your end. | 那是你的想法 |
[1:50:40] | That’s cos you’re never satisfied with me. | 那是因为你从来 没有对我满意过 |
[1:51:45] | -Have you seen her yet today? -Yes. | -今天见过她了吗 -见过 |
[1:51:49] | I’ve been with her most of last night and today, as usual. | 我从昨晚起一直 陪着她 |
[1:51:54] | I haven’t, uh… really talked to the kids yet. | 我没有 嗯 真正和孩子们谈过 |
[1:52:00] | I’m not sure how much they realise, | 我不知道 他们了解了多少 |
[1:52:03] | but they know something bad’s happening. | 但他们知道有些 不好的事情发生了 |
[1:52:05] | Flap… | 佛莱普 |
[1:52:08] | Patsy wants to raise Melanie | 佩特西 想抚养梅尔尼 |
[1:52:10] | and maybe the boys. | 也许还有那两个男孩 |
[1:52:12] | I think they should be with me, don’t you? | 我想他们 应该和我在一起 |
[1:52:15] | What can you be thinking about? | 你在想什么 |
[1:52:18] | Raising three children, working full time and chasing women | 抚养三个孩子 白天上班 还要追女人 |
[1:52:23] | requires a lot more energy than you have. | 你的精力不够 |
[1:52:25] | You know, one of the nicest qualities about you | 你知道 你的优点在于 |
[1:52:28] | is that you recognise your weaknesses. | 你能认识到自己的缺点 |
[1:52:31] | Don’t lose that quality when you need it the most. | 别把这优点丢掉 当你最需要这优点时 |
[1:52:40] | You have no right, nor any invitation, | 你没有权利 或者任何邀请 |
[1:52:45] | to discuss where or how my children live. | 来讨论我的孩子该在哪里以什么方式生活 |
[1:53:08] | From what the doctor says, it’s time that we have the talk now. | 医生说了 该是我们谈谈的时候了 |
[1:53:14] | Do you know how much I hate the idea of losing you? | 你知道我有多讨厌去想 会失去你吗 |
[1:53:20] | Yes. | 知道 |
[1:53:22] | Well, nobody… Nobody seems to know that except you. | 嗯 除了你 看起来没有人了解了 |
[1:53:29] | I… Well… | 我只是 嗯 |
[1:53:30] | What? | 什么 |
[1:53:33] | I’m thinking about my identity, and not having one any more. | 我在考虑我的身份 而现在却失去了那身份 |
[1:53:38] | Who am I, if I’m not the man who’s failing Emma? | 我是谁 如果我不是 放弃艾玛的男人 |
[1:53:41] | -You didn’t fail me, Flap. -I don’t wanna discuss it. | -你没有放弃我 佛莱普 -我不想讨论这个话题 |
[1:53:44] | I feel like I’m sucking after forgiveness, which I probably am. | 我感觉我想原谅你 或许我已经那么做了 |
[1:53:49] | You were no more terrible than I was. | 你没我看起来那么糟糕 |
[1:53:52] | Except for the cheating. | 除了骗我 |
[1:53:56] | You’re right. Let’s not do this. | 你说对了 我们别这样做 |
[1:54:01] | Look, we had problems. | 瞧 我们之间有问题 |
[1:54:03] | It was never over whether we loved each other. | 我们是否爱着对方的 讨论永远不会结束 |
[1:54:10] | Oh, God! That tie! | 哦 天哪 这领带 |
[1:54:13] | I can’t believe you wore that! | 难以相信你还带着它 |
[1:54:16] | The mess it must’ve been finding it. | 找到这条领带一定很难 |
[1:54:19] | The house still isn’t in one piece. It was in the last box I looked in. | 家里仍然一团糟 这是我从 找的最后一个盒子里发现的 |
[1:54:24] | I’ll bet. | 我敢打赌 |
[1:54:27] | God, you’re easy to please. | 上帝 你很好哄 |
[1:54:29] | I don’t know why I couldn’t do more of it. | 我不知道 我干嘛不多做点什么呢 |
[1:54:35] | I’m so glad we’re talking, I just am. | 我很高兴我们在聊天 只是指我 |
[1:54:37] | It just means so much to me that we can still feel like this, so much. | 这对我意义重大 我们仍然能像现在这样 |
[1:54:42] | I swear… | 我发誓 |
[1:54:48] | Listen, I am getting tired. | 听着 我累了 |
[1:54:52] | Just tell me, hon, you really want to raise ’em? | 只需告诉我 你真的想抚养他们 |
[1:55:09] | I never thought I was the sort of man who’d give up his kids. | 我从未想过放弃孩子 |
[1:55:13] | It’s a lot of work. | 这是份很累的工作 |
[1:55:17] | As hard as you think it is, you end up wishing it were that easy. | 既然你觉得这是很艰难的事 那就别希望那会简单 |
[1:55:23] | Where do you want them? | 你希望他们在哪里呢 |
[1:55:25] | I don’t want them to end up with Janice. | 我不想让珍妮丝来带他们 |
[1:55:31] | Well, she’s not so bad. | 嗯 她并没那么糟糕 |
[1:55:39] | I really don’t think they should be with you, honey. | 我也不认为他们该和你在一起 亲爱的 |
[1:55:48] | Well… | 嗯 |
[1:55:51] | To tell you the honest truth… | 实话告诉你 |
[1:55:56] | I’d probably screw it up. | 我可能把事情搞得一团糟 |
[1:56:02] | I’ll really miss them. | 我真的很想念他们 |
[1:56:09] | Well, maybe we should let Patsy take them. | 嗯 也许我们应该 让佩特西带他们 |
[1:56:12] | It’d be easy for me to work research summers in New York. | 对我而言 夏天在纽约做研究会简单些 |
[1:56:17] | No. Patsy really only wants Melanie. | 不 佩特西只是想抚养梅尔尼 |
[1:56:20] | Mother should have them. | 身为母亲 应该抚养他们 |
[1:56:24] | You can see them any time you want. | 你随时可以去见他们 |
[1:56:26] | You’ll decide things for them and everything. | 你该为他们决定一切 |
[1:56:29] | She can make that very difficult. | 她会觉得那很难 |
[1:56:31] | She won’t. | 她不会 |
[1:56:38] | Well, I guess they should be with your mother. | 嗯 我想他们最好 还是由你母亲抚养吧 |
[1:56:43] | I probably have that coming. | 我也许会那样做的 |
[1:57:04] | Flap, will you bring the boys by tomorrow? | 佛莱普 明天能把 男孩们带来吗 |
[1:57:08] | I’ve got that one waiting for me. I gotta do it. | 那已经在等我了 我得完成该完成的 |
[1:57:12] | -Yeah. -Thanks. | -好的 -谢谢 |
[1:57:25] | Come on, Pats, I gotta get ready. | 来吧 佩特西 我得做好准备 |
[1:57:28] | Patsy. Make-up! | 佩特西 化妆 |
[1:57:35] | Is it terrible to say I can’t stand seeing your mother | 这样说是不是太糟糕了 我无法忍受看你母亲 |
[1:57:39] | get her hands on that little girl? | 爱抚那小女孩 |
[1:57:41] | I’d just love to raise that little girl. | 我只是想抚养那小女孩 |
[1:57:49] | Look, I’d let you, | 听着 我会让你抚养的 |
[1:57:51] | but Teddy couldn’t spare her. | 但泰迪不能离开她 |
[1:57:55] | I can’t stall any more, all right? | 我不能再拖了 行吗 |
[1:57:57] | You go out there and send the boys in. | 你出去 把孩子们叫进来吧 |
[1:58:00] | Well, do I get to say something ever? | 嗯 我需要说点什么吗 |
[1:58:03] | No. | 不用 |
[1:58:07] | We don’t have to do that, right? Come here. | 我们没必要那样做 对吗 过来 |
[1:58:16] | You’ll be fine. You will. | 你会好的 会的 |
[1:58:24] | It’s just this… | 就这些 |
[1:58:29] | You’re my touchstone, Emma. | 你是我的榜样 艾玛 |
[1:58:34] | The boys. | 男孩们 |
[1:59:19] | Hi. Come on. | 嗨 进来吧 |
[1:59:22] | I love you. I miss you. God, I want you to come home. | 我爱你我想念你 我要你回家 |
[1:59:28] | Close the door. | 把门关上 |
[1:59:30] | God, you both look so gigantic to me. | 天哪 你们看起来 都长大了 |
[1:59:34] | I guess I look pretty bad to you. | 我猜我吓着你们了 |
[1:59:37] | Not so bad. | 没那么糟糕 |
[1:59:43] | You both have beautiful eyes and your hair’s too long. | 你们俩都有漂亮的眼睛 你们头发太长了 |
[1:59:47] | I don’t care about the back but keep your bangs cut, OK? | 我不想管的 但 把头发剪了 好吗 |
[1:59:51] | -It’s too long. -That’s a matter of opinion. | -太长了 -这只是观念问题 |
[1:59:54] | Just keep it short, all right? | 留短发 好吗 |
[1:59:57] | Are you getting well? | 你好点了吗 |
[2:00:03] | Look up. | 抬头 |
[2:00:05] | I’m sorry about this but I can’t help it. | 很包歉 我对此无能为力 |
[2:00:08] | I can’t talk too long or I’ll get real upset. | 我不能说太久 要不我会太悲伤的 |
[2:00:13] | I want you to make a lot of friends. | 我要你们结交朋友 |
[2:00:16] | And be real nice to the girls cos they’ll be important to you, I swear. | 对女孩们好些 因为她们会对你们很重要 我发誓 |
[2:00:22] | We’re not afraid of girls, what makes you think that? | 我们不害怕和女孩交往 什么使你那样想 |
[2:00:26] | -Well, you may be later on. -I doubt it. | -以后也许会 -我不相信 |
[2:00:29] | -Why don’t you shut up? Shut up! -You shut up. | -你干嘛不闭嘴 -闭嘴 你给我闭嘴 |
[2:00:32] | Teddy, give me a kiss, come on. | 泰迪 亲我一口 过来 |
[2:00:39] | Tommy, you be sweet. Be sweet. | 汤米 乖点 乖 |
[2:00:44] | And stop trying to pretend like you hate me. It’s silly. | 别假装你还恨着我 这样做很愚蠢 |
[2:00:49] | I like you. | 我爱你 |
[2:00:51] | -Then listen especially close. -What? | -那就好好听着 -什么 |
[2:00:54] | -Listen real hard? -I said what. | -认真听 -我所说的 |
[2:00:59] | I know you like me. I know it. | 我知道你喜欢我 我知道 |
[2:01:04] | For the last year or two, you’ve pretended like you hate me. | 去年或前两年 你装作恨我 |
[2:01:10] | But I love you very much, as much as I love anybody, | 但我非常爱你 就像我爱其他人一样爱着你 |
[2:01:14] | as much as I love myself. | 就像爱惜我自己一样 |
[2:01:16] | And in a few years when I haven’t been around to irritate you, | 过些年 当我不再纠缠你 |
[2:01:21] | you’re gonna remember. | 你会记得 |
[2:01:24] | You’ll remember when I bought the baseball glove when we were broke | 你会记得我给你买棒球手套 记得我们吵架 |
[2:01:29] | or when I read you those stories, | 或者我给你读故事 |
[2:01:31] | or when I let you goof off instead of mowing the lawn, lots of things. | 又或者我让你出去玩 而不是去割草--太多事情 |
[2:01:36] | You’re gonna realise that you love me, | 你会发现你爱着我 |
[2:01:40] | and maybe you’ll feel badly because | 也许你会觉得很糟糕 因为你 |
[2:01:42] | you never told me, but don’t. | 没有告诉过我 但不要那样认为 |
[2:01:47] | I know that you love me. | 我知道你爱着我 |
[2:01:52] | -So don’t do that to yourself, OK? -OK! | -所以不要那样做 好吗 -好的 |
[2:01:57] | -OK? -I said OK. | -好吗 -我说了 好的 |
[2:02:03] | OK, you two should run along. | 很好 你们要自力更生 |
[2:02:06] | Take care. | 保重 |
[2:02:09] | Give me a kiss. | 来 亲我一口 |
[2:02:15] | I was so scared, but I think it went well, don’t you? | 我很害怕 但 我想我会好起来的 不是吗 |
[2:02:21] | Yeah? | 嗯 |
[2:02:35] | Tommy, if you need to talk, your dad will listen. | 汤米 如果你想找人聊天 爸爸会认真听的 |
[2:02:39] | He’s a very smart man, you know. | 他很聪明 你知道的 |
[2:02:43] | Just say, “Dad, I’m confused. I need to have a talk.” | 就那样说”爸爸 我感到困惑 我需要和你谈谈” |
[2:02:52] | You know, I met this boy back in River Oaks where I live. | 你知道的 和我一起住的男孩 |
[2:02:55] | He said the Cub Scouts in Houston are the best ever. | 告诉我休斯顿童子军是最好的 |
[2:02:59] | We were never scouts, our mother was too lazy to check it out. | 我们从没当过童子军 我们的妈妈懒得去管这些 |
[2:03:05] | No! Stop! | 别跑了 停下 |
[2:03:08] | Come on! Stop it! | 来吧 别跑了 |
[2:03:10] | No! | 别跑了 |
[2:03:12] | Listen to me! Listen. It’s OK, Tom. | 听我说 听我说 行了 汤姆 |
[2:03:16] | It’s OK. Now… Hey! Stop it! | 没事了 嘿 停下 |
[2:03:21] | I’m sorry, but I just can’t have you criticising your mother around me. | 对不起 我无法忍受听到 尤其批评你母亲 |
[2:04:38] | Mr Horton. Mr Horton? | 霍顿先生 霍顿先生 |
[2:04:41] | She’s gone. | 她走了 |
[2:05:11] | Oh, God, I’m so stupid. So stupid… | 天哪 我太蠢了 我太蠢了 |
[2:05:13] | Somehow I thought… | 我以为 |
[2:05:15] | Somehow I thought when she finally went, | 以为她走的那一刻 |
[2:05:19] | that it would be a relief. | 就是一种解脱 |
[2:05:22] | Oh, my sweet, little darling! | 噢 我的小甜心 |
[2:05:33] | Oh, dear. There’s nothing harder. There’s nothing… | 噢 亲爱的 没比这更难的了 没有 |
[2:05:49] | Do you want some cake? | 要蛋糕吗 |
[2:06:07] | -Why are you standing over here? -I don’t know. | -你干嘛站在这里 -我不知道 |
[2:06:12] | You wanna come over and sit with me? | 想和我坐一起 |
[2:06:21] | Everything’s gonna be all right, Tommy. | 一切都会好起来的 汤米 |
[2:06:41] | There’s fantastic dance schools in Houston. | 啊 在休斯顿 有一流的舞蹈学校 |
[2:06:46] | -Tap? -Tap, ballet, aerobics… | -击打乐 -击打乐 芭蕾 杂技 |
[2:06:52] | Anything you want. | 你想要的一切 |
[2:06:54] | Come over here and see your dad. | 到这边来看你爸爸 |
[2:06:56] | He really knows a pretty girl, doesn’t he? | 他认识一个漂亮的女孩 不是吗 |
[2:07:00] | She’s too old for him. | 对他而言她太老了 |
[2:07:02] | Are you eating a wet bunny? Here. Better go on over to Dad and eat it. | 你想吃野兔肉吗 到爸爸那里去吃 |
[2:07:19] | Hi, Vern. How are you doing here? | 嗨 佛恩 最近怎么样啊 |
[2:07:43] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[2:07:50] | I understand you’re a swimmer. | 我知道你是游泳好手 |
[2:07:53] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[2:07:55] | But you’re an astronaut, right? | 但你是宇航员 不是吗 |
[2:07:59] | I’m an astronaut and a swimmer. | 我是宇航员 又是游泳好手 |
[2:08:05] | Pretty good-looking suit, there. | 很好看的西装啊 |
[2:08:09] | A little closer. A little closer. | 坐近点再近点 |
[2:08:13] | A little closer. | 再近点 |
[2:08:15] | Do you want to see my pool? | 想看看我的泳池吗 |
[2:08:19] | I don’t know if the time is right. | 我不知道现在是否是合适的时机 |
[2:08:21] | You know, funeral and everything. | 你知道的 葬礼还有一切 |
[2:08:23] | Oh, I think it is. Come on. | 噢 我想是吧 来吧 |
[2:08:27] | I’ll show you the internationally infamous… uh… Breedlove crawl. | 我会向你展示世界上最著名的 啊 空中漫步 |
[2:08:33] | Just a little stroke I picked up out in space. | 在太空里学会的 |