英文名称:Synecdoche, New York
年代:2008
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:20] | 提喻纽约 | |
[00:40] | -7:45 on this beautiful, | 现在是九月二十二日 7:45分 |
[00:43] | almost balmy 22nd of September in Schenectady. | 斯克内克塔迪的这天风景美丽 气候温和 |
[00:45] | And it’s the first day of fall. | 这也是秋天的第一天 |
[00:47] | So in honor of that fact, we have Elke Putzkammer… | 为了庆祝这天 我们请到了艾尔克 朴茨卡莫 |
[00:50] | …professor of literature at Union college… | 她是美国联合学院的文学教授 |
[00:52] | …to talk about autumn in poetry and literature. | 请她来讲讲关于秋天的诗歌和文学 |
[00:55] | -Good morning, professor. -Hi, Alex. | -早上好 教授 -你好 阿莱士 |
[00:57] | So, what about it? Why do so many people write about the fall? | 为什么那么多人描写秋天呢? 是什么原因? |
[01:00] | Well, I think it’s seen as the beginning of the end, really. | 我认为这是因为秋天被人们看成是预示结局的开端 |
[01:04] | If the year is a life, | 如果把一年看作是人生的话 |
[01:06] | then September, the beginning of fall… | 那么秋天则是人衰退的开端 |
[01:08] | …is when the bloom is off the rose and things start to die. | 秋天也是玫瑰花瓣凋零 生命开始死亡的时候 |
[01:11] | It’s a melancholy month and maybe because of that, quite beautiful. | 这个月充满忧郁 或许正因为此 它分外迷人 |
[01:15] | Is there something you might read to us? | 能否给大家朗读点什么? |
[01:17] | Oh, I’d love to. | 好的 非常乐意 |
[01:20] | Whoever has no house now Will never have one. | 谁现在没有房屋 将再也建造不成 |
[01:24] | Whoever is alone will stay alone | 谁现在单身一人 将长久孤苦伶仃 |
[01:27] | Will sit, read, write long letters Through the evening | 将坐着 读着 写着长长的信 |
[01:32] | And wander the boulevards Up and down, restlessly | 将在林荫小道上心神不定 徘徊不已 |
[01:36] | While the dry leaves are blowing | 眼见落叶飘零 |
[01:38] | Goodness, that harsh, isn’t it? | 这首诗很尖刻 不是吗 |
[01:41] | Well, perhaps. But truthful. | 也许吧 但是写得很真实 |
[01:47] | Mommy, done. | 妈妈 拉完了 |
[01:49] | Okay. | 好的 |
[01:53] | -Good morning. -Good morning. | -早上好 -早上好 |
[01:54] | -I tried not to wake you. -Well, thanks. | -我试图不吵醒你的 -谢谢 |
[01:57] | You didn’t. I just… You know, I couldn’t get up. | 你没有吵醒我 我醒着 只是起不了床 |
[02:06] | -Caden, can you get that? -It’s Maria, I don’t want to. | -凯顿 你能接一下电话吗? -是玛丽亚 我不想去接 |
[02:09] | -Caden… Oh, that’s weird. -Hey, it’s me. How are you? | -凯顿… 那很奇怪 -是我 最近好吗? |
[02:12] | Mommy, is something wrong with my poop? | 妈妈 我的便便是不是有什么问题? |
[02:15] | No, honey, it’s just green. | 不 亲爱的 只是绿色的而已 |
[02:16] | You probably ate something green. | 你也许吃了什么绿色的东西罢了 |
[02:18] | I didn’t. What’s wrong with me? | 我没有吃 我是不是有什么问题? |
[02:22] | I have to get that, Olive. You’re gonna be fine, okay? | 我得去接电话 奥利芙 你会好的 好吗? |
[02:25] | -But, Mommy… -Yeah, I’ll be right back, Olive. | -但是 妈妈… -我马上就会回来 奥利芙 |
[02:28] | Oh, nothing. Just wiping Olive’s ass. You? | 没什么事 只是在帮奥利芙擦屁股 你呢? |
[02:31] | -An earthquake in Kashmir… -Oh, you’re kidding. Holy fuck. | -在克什米尔发生了一场地震 -你在开玩笑吧 该死的 |
[02:35] | …has killed an estimated 73,000… -I don’t feel well. | -在这次地震中 大约有73000人遇害 -我感觉不舒服 |
[02:40] | Oh, my goodness. | 天呐 |
[03:02] | -March in Washington, D.c., today, October 15th. | 华盛顿的三月 今天 十月十五日 |
[03:06] | -Harold Pinter died. -Well, he’s old, right? | -哈罗德.品特死了 -他已经很老了 对吧? |
[03:09] | -No, wait. He won the Nobel Prize. -Mom. | -不 等等 他获得了诺贝尔奖 -妈妈 |
[03:12] | -What, honey? -Do you need to look at my poop? | -怎么了 亲爱的 -你可不可以看一下我的便便? |
[03:14] | -You sure it’s all right? | -你确定它没问题吗? |
[03:16] | -It’s fine, Olive. Just flush. | -它很好 奥利芙 只是有些旺盛而已 |
[03:19] | What if it’s alive? What if I kill it? | 如果它是活着的怎么办? 如果我杀死了它怎么办? |
[03:22] | -It’s green like plants. -It’s not alive, honey. | -它像植物一样绿 -亲爱的 它不是活的 |
[03:24] | Remember the production of The Dumb Waiter I did at Albanyfest? | 记得我在户外博览会上制作的《沉默侍者》吗? |
[03:30] | Have your oatmeal, honey. | 亲爱的 喝点燕麦粥 |
[03:33] | -I want peanut butter and jelly. -You said oatmeal. | -我想要花生酱和果冻 -你说你要燕麦粥 |
[03:36] | -This isn’t a restaurant. -I don’t want oatmeal. | -这里不是餐馆 -我不想喝燕麦粥 |
[03:39] | -Okay. Fine. -Mommy, I’m sorry. | -那好吧 -对不起 妈妈 |
[03:42] | They found avian flu in Turkey. | 在土耳其发现了禽流感 |
[03:44] | In the country Turkey, not turkeys. | 是土耳其这个国家 而不是在火鸡身上发现的 |
[03:47] | -Can I watch TV till school? -In some chickens. Yeah. | -在去学校之前我能一直看电视么? -行 |
[03:53] | There is a secret something at play under the surface… | 在表皮下面有秘密的东西在活动 |
[03:57] | …growing like an invisible virus of thought. | 这种东西就像无形的思想病毒一样滋长着 |
[04:00] | But you’re being changed by it… | 但是它却在一步步改变着你… |
[04:02] | -Milk’s expired. -Okay. | -牛奶已经过期了 -知道了 |
[04:04] | Jesus. | 天呐 |
[04:07] | -You better eat this. -I will. | -你最好吃掉这个 -我会的 |
[04:10] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[04:11] | How did I guess you’d ask me that question? | 我怎么能猜到你会问我那个问题 |
[04:13] | Happy Halloween, Schenectady. | 万圣节快乐 斯克内克塔迪 |
[04:17] | And how long have you been in New York for? | 你来纽约多长时间了? |
[04:20] | The first black graduate of the University of Alabama died. | 阿拉巴马大学的第一个黑人毕业生去世了 |
[04:24] | Vivian Malone Jones. | 他的名字是微微安.马龙.琼斯 |
[04:27] | Stroke, 63. | 因中风而死 享年63岁 |
[04:47] | Fuck! | 该死的! |
[04:49] | God! Somebody! Adele, help! | 天啦! 来人啊! 阿黛尔 救命! |
[04:54] | -Jesus, Caden, what the fuck? | -天啊 怎么成这样了 |
[04:55] | -I was shaving and the thing flew off! | -我在刮脸 突然那个东西就飞出来了 |
[04:57] | Oh, my God! Jesus, look at your head. | 天呐 看看你的头 |
[05:00] | Oh, shit. | 他妈的 |
[05:02] | Oh, God, I can’t turn it. | 该死的 我转不动它 |
[05:05] | Oh, wait. | 等等 |
[05:12] | -Mommy, Daddy has blood. -Yeah. | -妈妈 爸爸流血了 -嗯 |
[05:15] | -Will there be a scar? -Probably. It looks like a mud flap. | -会不会留下伤疤? -也许会 它看起来像块挡泥板 |
[05:19] | -I prefer there not to be a scar. -Yeah. | -我希望不要留下疤痕 -知道了 |
[05:23] | That fellow is annoying. | 那个人很惹人烦 |
[05:25] | He’s in here every week, like clockwork. | 他每周都来这里 就像时钟一样 |
[05:28] | There. I think that should… Let’s see. | 那里 我认为那应该…我看看 |
[05:33] | -What? -Change in bowel movements? | -怎么了? -大便最近有什么变化吗? |
[05:36] | It’s a little more yellow than usual. Why? | 比平时更黄一些 为什么问这个? |
[05:41] | Yeah, I’d like you to see an ophthalmologist. | 我想让你去看看眼科医生 |
[05:44] | -A neurologist? -What? No. | -神经科专家? -什么? 不是 |
[05:47] | An ophthalmologist. I said, ophthalmologist. | 我说的是眼科医生 是眼科医生 |
[05:50] | Do you hear that? | 你听到这个了吗? |
[05:52] | Yeah. | 听到了 |
[05:54] | And today is Tuesday. Mommy, is today Tuesday? | 今天是星期二 妈妈 今天是星期二吗? |
[05:57] | No, honey, today is Friday. So, what exactly did he say? | 不 宝贝 今天是星期五 医生具体是怎么说的? |
[06:05] | That my pupils weren’t properly opening and closing. | 我的瞳孔收缩有些问题 |
[06:11] | Dilating. | 在膨胀 |
[06:13] | -No. -Yeah. | -不是的 -是的 |
[06:15] | -I don’t think that’s what he said. -Yes. | -我认为他不是那样说的 -是的 |
[06:18] | -That’s not what he said. -Is it the bump to your head? | -他不是那样说的 -是因为你头上的肿块吗? |
[06:21] | He doesn’t know. Maybe. | 也许他也不知道 |
[06:22] | He said he doesn’t think so, but maybe. But he doesn’t know. | 他说他不认为是这样的 但是也许他压根不知道 |
[06:26] | -But maybe. Who knows? -Okay, Jesus, Caden, I got it. | -但是也许…谁知道呢? -好了 凯顿 我懂了 |
[06:30] | -He doesn’t know… -Sorry. I’m a little anxious. | -他不知道… -对不起 我有一些担忧 |
[06:32] | -Did you have to get a shot, Daddy? -No, honey. | -爸爸 你是不是得打针? -不 宝贝 |
[06:35] | -It’s the start of something awful. -Do I have to get a shot? | -这是可怕事情的开始 -我是不是得打针? |
[06:38] | -Course not. -Did you tell him I have green poo? | -当然不要 -你告诉了他我的大便是绿色的么? |
[06:41] | -It’s fucked timing. -Call the plumber. Hey. | -这真是个该死的时间 -打电话给水管工人吧 |
[06:43] | Sorry. I have rehearsal. Fuck. | 对不起 我有预演 该死的 |
[06:45] | -Hey, come on. -Sorry, sorry, sorry. Everybody, sorry. | -别泄气 加油 -对不起 对不起 对不起 各位 对不起 |
[06:50] | How many years until I have to get more shots? | 过多少年我要打针呢? |
[06:52] | -Not for a really long time, babe. -A million years? | -不会隔太长时间的 宝贝 -一百万年? |
[06:59] | -Remember what Dr. Woodman said… -Dad, what’s a plumber? | -我记得 伍德曼医生说的话… -爸爸 水管工人是什么? |
[07:03] | -He’s a man… -Or a woman, Dad. | -他是一个男人 -或者是一个女人 爸爸 |
[07:05] | Right. He’s a man or a woman who fixes sinks and toilets and… | 对 他是一个修水池和洗手间的男人或者女人 |
[07:11] | -Do you know what pipes are? -No. | -你知道什么是管道么? -不知道 |
[07:14] | -Hey, Jim. I had an accident. -Like to smoke out of? | -吉姆 我发生了点意外 -像可以抽烟的那种? |
[07:17] | A different kind of pipe, honey. All right, bye. | 宝贝 是另外一种管道 好的 再见 |
[07:23] | Houses have pipes, and they’re made of… | 房子里都有管道 它们是…制造的 |
[07:27] | They’re like tubes, and they’re behind the walls… | 他们就像管子一样 埋藏在墙的后面… |
[07:30] | …and they’re under the floors and everywhere. | 它们在地下 处处都有 |
[07:33] | -And… -What’s the matter? | -还有… -怎么了? |
[07:35] | -Every single where? -It’s okay, honey. | -每一个地方吗? -没关系的 宝贝 |
[07:37] | They just carry water to and from sinks and toilets. | 它们只是从水池和卫生间来回运输水而已 |
[07:40] | -It’s like in your body. You have veins. -Capillaries. | -就像在你的身体 你有血管一样 -毛细血管 |
[07:43] | Capillaries filled with blood. | 毛细血管充满了血液 |
[07:45] | I have blood? I don’t want blood. I don’t want blood. | 我有血吗? 我不想要血 我不想要血 |
[07:49] | -What are you doing? -Trying to explain plumbing. | -你到底在干什么? -我只是在试着解释什么是水管而已 |
[07:51] | -Stop. -I can’t do this now. | -别说了 -我现在办不到 |
[07:53] | -Don’t worry, you don’t have blood. -Don’t tell her she doesn’t have blood. | -别担心 你没有血 -别告诉她她没有血 |
[07:57] | -Caden, stop it. -I don’t want blood. | -凯顿 闭嘴 -我不想要血 |
[08:06] | Thanks for getting me in right away. | 谢谢你的帮忙 |
[08:12] | -Was it the bump to the head? -No. | -是因为头上的肿块么? -不是 |
[08:21] | Could be, but I think we need to get you to a neurologist. | 也可能是 但是我们需要让你去看看神经科医生 |
[08:24] | -Neurologist? -It’s a brain expert. | -神经科医生? -他是脑科专家 |
[08:27] | I know what a neurologist is. | 我知道神经科医生是什么 |
[08:29] | -I thought from the way you asked… -I just thought you said “urologist.” | -你的发问让我以为你不知道 -我只是听成了泌尿科医生 |
[08:37] | -Why do I need to see a neurologist? -Just for a look-see. | -我为什么需要去看神经科医生? -只是去看看而已 |
[08:42] | The eyes are part of the brain, after all. | 毕竟眼睛是大脑的一部分 |
[08:46] | No, that’s not true, is it? | 不 这不是实话 对吗? |
[08:51] | -Why would I say it if it weren’t true? -It doesn’t seem right. | -如果那不是实话 我为什么要说呢? -它听起来不太对 |
[08:57] | Like morally correct, or “right” as in accurate? | 你说的”对”是指精神上正确 还是指准确? |
[09:04] | I don’t know. Accurate, I guess? | 不知道 我猜是准确吧 |
[09:11] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[09:12] | Now, when you kick off, boy, I want a 70-yard boot. | 现在 当你开球时 我要双70码的靴子 |
[09:15] | And get right down the field under the ball. | 带着球在球场驰骋 |
[09:18] | And when you hit, hit low and hit hard, because it’s important, boy. | 当你踢的时候 要狠狠地踢 这很重要 |
[09:22] | There’s all kinds of important people in the stands. | 在看台上有各类重要的人物 |
[09:24] | And the first thing you know… Ben? | 第一件你知道的事是…本? |
[09:29] | Ben, where do I? | 本 我在哪里? |
[09:32] | -Ben, how do I? -Willy, you coming up? | -本 我该怎么做? -威利 上来了吗? |
[09:37] | Willy? | 威利? |
[09:39] | Willy, answer me. | 威利 回答我 |
[09:42] | Willy! No! | 威利! 不! |
[09:47] | -Oh, Jesus, come on. -Oh, crap. | -天啦! 快! -废物! |
[09:48] | Claire, are you okay? What’s happening here? | 克莱尔 你还好吧? 这里是怎么了? |
[09:50] | It’s too late in the game to have these problems. | 节目中出现这些问题 已经太迟了 |
[09:53] | -I know, Caden. I’m sorry. We’ll get it. -Oh, my God. | -我知道 凯顿 对不起 我们会弄好的 -天啦 |
[09:55] | -You okay? -Yeah, I think the wig saved my life. | -你还好吗? -嗯 还好 这些假发救了我的命 |
[10:00] | -Yeah. -It’s okay, honestly. | -是的 -真的没关系了 |
[10:03] | That was good, Tom. | 那很好 汤姆 |
[10:04] | -Yeah? -Yeah. | -是吗? -是的 |
[10:06] | I was trying something different. I was crashing differently. | 我在尝试不同的方法 这次撞得和以往不同 |
[10:09] | -Ambivalently. -Yeah, I saw that. I liked it. | -我也很矛盾 -嗯 我看到了 我喜欢这样 |
[10:20] | Try to keep in mind that a young person playing Willy Loman… | 牢记住你是扮演威利.罗曼的一个年轻人 |
[10:23] | …thinks he’s only pretending to be at the end of a life full of despair. | 他只是在假装已经到了充满绝望的生命尽头 |
[10:27] | But the tragedy is that we know that you, the young actor… | 但是悲剧是我们知道你这个年轻的演员… |
[10:30] | …will end up in this very place of desolation. | 将在这个悲伤的地方结束余生 |
[10:34] | Okay. | 好的 |
[10:39] | That’s great. | 很好 |
[10:41] | -Let’s try it again. How long, David? -I think 15. | -让我们再试一次 得多长时间 大卫? -我估计是15分钟 |
[10:47] | Anything? | 有任何要帮忙的吗? |
[10:51] | So now what? | 现在做什么? |
[10:59] | -In search of the elusive signal. -The signal’s good here, oddly. | -我在找信号 -奇怪的是 这里的信号很好 |
[11:03] | -That is odd. -I know. Cell phones, they’re crazy. | -确实很奇怪 -我知道 手机总是有些毛病 |
[11:07] | -See you in a few. -Yep. | -一会儿见 -好的 |
[11:12] | Yeah, Dr. Heshborg said I should see a Dr. Scoriano. | 海斯伯格医生说我应该见见斯卡里亚诺医生 |
[11:18] | My pupils don’t work. | 我的瞳孔不行了 |
[11:27] | I think I have blood in my stool. | 我认为我的大便里有血 |
[11:33] | That stool in your office? | 你办公室里的凳子吗? |
[11:37] | -When I was pregnant with Olive. -What was it like? | -当我怀着奥利芙的时候 -是什么样的感觉? |
[11:41] | I don’t know. Hopeful or something. | 我不知道 是充满希望的吧 |
[11:43] | Like something was gonna change. | 就像是感觉到事情会发生变化一样 |
[11:44] | -Yeah, something did. No? -Yeah. | -是的 确实有事情变化了 不是吗? -是变化了 |
[11:47] | -Yeah, of course. -I mean, bigtime. | -当然是这样的 -我是指 非常多的变化 |
[11:48] | I mean, maybe not as much as I’d hoped. | 我的意思是 并不是像我所希望的那样发生了很多变化 |
[11:52] | I’m sorry. That’s a terrible thing to say. | 对不起 那是件难以启齿的事情 |
[11:54] | There are no terrible things to say in here, only true and false. | 在这里没有难以启齿的事情 只有对和错 |
[11:58] | -Can I say something awful? -Yes, please do. | -我能说些可怕的事情么? -请说吧 |
[12:05] | I’ve fantasized about Caden dying. | 我幻想过凯顿即将死去 |
[12:11] | Being able to start again, guilt-free. | 我可以重新开始生活 没有任何愧疚 |
[12:15] | I know that’s… That’s bad. | 我知道那样的想法很糟糕 |
[12:20] | -Caden, does that feel terrible? -Yeah. | -凯顿 这感觉很可怕么? -嗯 |
[12:23] | Okay, good. | 好 |
[12:42] | It’s a nightmare in there. | 在那里呆着简直是像做噩梦一样 |
[12:45] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[12:58] | So, I’m reading The Trial. | 我正在读《审判》 |
[13:00] | -Yeah? -Yeah. | -真的吗? -嗯 |
[13:03] | -You like? -Love. | -你喜欢? -应该是爱 |
[13:06] | I’m such an idiot for not knowing about this book. | 我真是个笨蛋 以前居然不知道这本书 |
[13:10] | -It’s famous, as it turns out. -Yeah. | -事实证明它确实很有名 -是的 |
[13:14] | You’re not an idiot. | 你并不傻 |
[13:19] | Then you say: | 然后你说 |
[13:21] | “In fact, Hazel, you’re very bright, and I love your eyes.” | 事实上 海柔尔 你非常聪明 并且我喜欢你的眼睛 |
[13:30] | -In fact, Hazel, you’re very bright. -Oh, am I? | -事实上 海柔尔 你非常聪明 -我有吗? |
[13:34] | -And I love your eyes. -Do you? Oh, you’re a darling. | -并且我喜欢你的双眸 -你喜欢吗? 你真好 |
[13:45] | Then what do I say? | 然后我该说什么呢? |
[13:48] | -I can’t say what then you say. -Why? | -我不能说你准备说的话 -为什么? |
[13:52] | Because it’s dirty. | 因为那很下流 |
[13:58] | Could you step out for a second? | 你能不能出来两分钟? |
[14:01] | Go ahead. I’ve seen boy parts. | 尽管进来吧 我看过男人那个部位 |
[14:12] | -Can I take a piss in your sink? -Yeah, sure. I guess. | -我能否在你的水池里小便一下? -嗯 可以 |
[14:27] | We’re sold out. | 我们演出的票已经售空了 |
[14:29] | Great. | 很好 |
[14:38] | Gorgeous. | 很棒 |
[14:42] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[14:44] | -How was rehearsal? -Awful. | -预演怎么样 -很糟糕 |
[14:47] | We have 560 lighting cues. | 我们有560个灯光尾白 |
[14:51] | -I don’t why I make it so complicated. | -我不知道我为什么把它搞得如此复杂 |
[14:54] | -Because that’s what you do. | -因为这就是你的工作 |
[14:56] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[15:00] | We got through it though. That’s really pretty. | 不过我们度过了难关 它确实很漂亮 |
[15:06] | Caden, I’m sorry, I… | 凯顿 对不起 我… |
[15:12] | I can’t come tonight. I’m sorry. | 今晚我不能去参加 对不起 |
[15:13] | I have two canvasses I have to get ready to ship for tomorrow. | 我还有两幅油画必须完成 明天要海运出去 |
[15:17] | -I know it sucks… -It’s opening night. | -我知道这很扫兴… -它是首场演出 |
[15:19] | I know. I wish I could come. I would if I could. | 我知道 我希望我能去 如果我能去的话我一定会去 |
[15:22] | -I’ve gotta get ready. -Tomorrow… | -我得去作准备了 -明天… |
[15:25] | I have to get ready. I don’t know what I’m gonna wear. | 我去准备了 我还不知道我该穿什么 |
[15:28] | I have to figure out what I’m gonna wear. | 我得想想我该穿什么 |
[15:50] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[16:05] | -Oh, boy, oh boy. -Willy? | -哦 孩子 哦 孩子 -威利? |
[16:10] | It’s all right, I came back. | 一切都很好 我回来了 |
[16:15] | I hated myself tonight. | 我讨厌今晚的我 |
[16:18] | -Plus, I’m so… Excuse me. -Hey, Tom. | -另外 我很… 劳驾 -嗨 汤姆 |
[16:21] | I’m so bloated and enormous. | 我太得意 自以为是了 |
[16:22] | No, you look good. You were great. I was very pleased. | 不 你看起来很好 你很棒 我很高兴 |
[16:25] | -You okay? -Sorry. A little bit of a headache. | -你还好吗? -对不起 我有点头疼 |
[16:28] | Willy Loman. | 威利.罗曼 |
[16:33] | I just wanted to say thank you for everything. | 我只想对你说 谢谢 |
[16:36] | You’ve been absolutely brilliant. | 你一直都非常有才气 |
[16:38] | It’s gonna be miserable going ahead without you. | 在我前进的路上没有你 那将会很悲惨 |
[16:41] | -I’ll be around. I’ll check in. -I’m such a baby. | -我会在你身边的 -我真傻啊 |
[16:45] | Okay. I’m gonna go get drunk, that’s what. | 好了 我要去喝醉 |
[16:47] | Okay. Claire. Sweetheart. | 好 克莱尔 亲爱的 |
[16:56] | -Good. Good job. -Oh, don’t worry, I’ll get better. | -你干得很好 -别担心 我会做得更好的 |
[16:59] | -Good work. -Don’t worry, it’ll get better. | -做得很棒 -别担心 会更好的 |
[17:04] | Hey. I figured I’d better get in fast. | 哈罗 我发现我应该快点进来 |
[17:08] | -Hey, you wanna sit? -Yeah, yeah. | -嗨 想坐下来休息吗? -好的 |
[17:18] | -Where’s el wife-o? -Had to work. | -你妻子在哪呢? -她得工作 |
[17:22] | Her show in Berlin is in two weeks. | 两周后她在柏林有画展 |
[17:25] | We’re gonna go there for like a month. | 我们将去那里呆大概一个月吧 |
[17:28] | -Why do I like you so much? -I couldn’t begin to guess. | -为什么我这么喜欢你? -我猜不到 |
[17:31] | Me neither. | 我也猜不到 |
[17:35] | Do you get high, my friend? | 你会喝醉吗 我的朋友? |
[17:39] | You know, sometimes. | 你知道 有时候会 |
[17:43] | Do you want to now? With me, in my car? | 你想现在就爽一下吗? 和我一起 在我的车上 |
[17:46] | I get kind of… | 我有点那个 |
[17:50] | …something when I’m stoned. | 当我烂醉如泥的时候 |
[17:53] | What does “something” mean? | 那个是指什么? |
[17:56] | You know… | 你知道 |
[17:59] | …bothered. | …令人讨厌的 |
[18:01] | -What does “bothered” mean? -You know. | -令人讨厌的是什么意思 -你知道 |
[18:05] | Bothered. Horny. | 很令人讨厌 好色的 |
[18:11] | And me with a station wagon and all. Could be dangerous. | 所以和我在旅行车上会很危险 |
[18:15] | -Yeah, could be. -You’re absolutely zero fun. | -是的 有可能 -你真是毫无趣味 |
[18:33] | When are the reviews gonna get here? | 影评什么时候会到? |
[18:39] | Don’t know. | 不知道 |
[18:46] | His best friends finger two babies… | 他最好的朋友用手指拨弄两个婴儿 |
[18:49] | One this big, one this big. -And two kittens. | 一个这么大 一个这么大 还有两只小猫 |
[18:52] | -Hey. -Hi, Caden. How’d it go? | -嗨 -嗨 凯顿 演出怎么样? |
[18:59] | It’s late. | 很晚了 |
[19:02] | Maria came over to keep me company because… | 玛丽亚 过来给我做伴因为… |
[19:05] | And we just lost track. I got everything done. | 我们只是忘记了时间 我做好了所有的事 |
[19:07] | But I’m sorry I missed your play. I’m sorry. But how’d it go? | 我错过了你的戏剧演出 对不起 但是它演得怎样? |
[19:13] | Great. We’re a hit. | 很好 我们大获成功 |
[19:16] | Reviews are great. | 对它的评论非常高 |
[19:18] | Times said | 时代杂志评论道 |
[19:19] | it was brilliant casting young people as Willy and Linda. | 像威利和琳达这样的年轻人是非常有才华的演员 |
[19:23] | -That’s great, Caden. Good for you. -Great. | -真是太好了 凯顿 祝贺你 -真棒 |
[19:27] | I can’t wait to see it tomorrow. That’s… Tonight. | 我等不及到明天去看它了 那是…今晚 |
[19:32] | That’s great. | 非常棒 |
[19:34] | Wow, it’s really late… Early. | 现在真得很晚…很早 |
[19:38] | Early. | 是很早 |
[19:40] | It’s late. Hey, I would love to see it too. | 很晚了 嗨 我也想观看它 |
[19:43] | -Can we get Maria a ticket? -You’re stoned. | -我们能不能给玛丽亚一张票? -你喝醉了 |
[19:48] | I mean, a little. It’s, you know… I don’t know. | 有一点醉 你知道… 我不知道 |
[19:51] | But are you happy with it? | 但是你开心吗? |
[19:54] | Yeah. Yeah, I’d love for you to see… To know what you think. | 是的 我想让你看… 想知道你的想法 |
[19:59] | It doesn’t matter what I think. | 我怎么想的无关紧要 |
[20:01] | Absolutely. It’s all about your artistic satisfaction, Caden. | 绝对是这样 这完全取决于你对艺术的满足感 凯顿 |
[20:16] | -Congratulations. -Yeah. | -祝贺你 -嗯 |
[20:30] | -I’ve always loved this house. | -我一直都很喜欢这座房子 |
[20:32] | -Yes, it’s a wonderful place. | -是的 这是个非常不错的地方 |
[20:35] | The truth is, I never really imagined I could afford it. | 事实是 我从来想象不到我能买得起它 |
[20:38] | Well, the sellers are very motivated now. | 嗯 因为卖家现在非常想卖掉 |
[20:45] | It’s a scary decision. I never thought I’d buy a house alone. | 这是个可怕的决定 我从来没有想过我会独自买房 |
[20:51] | But, you know, I’m 36, and I wonder what it is I’m waiting for. | 但是 你知道 我36岁了 我一直想知道我在等待什么 |
[20:55] | -Home buying is always scary. -And with the fire and all especially. | -买房一直都是很可怕的 -尤其是这里还有火 |
[20:59] | Well, it’s a good size though, 2200 square feet… | 但是这个房子的面积很大 有2200平方英尺 |
[21:01] | …not including the partially finished basement. | 还不包括地下室 |
[21:04] | Oh, I don’t know. | 我不知道该怎么办 |
[21:07] | -I’m thinking I should go. | -我在想我该走了 |
[21:08] | -It’s a perfect size for someone alone. | -对于单身的人来说这个房子的大小太完美了 |
[21:11] | I like it, I do. I’m just really concerned about dying in the fire. | 我喜欢它 真的喜欢 但是我担心我会在火中丧生 |
[21:18] | It’s a big decision how one prefers to die. | 人们愿意选择哪种死亡方式 确实是个重大决定 |
[21:21] | Would you like to meet my son? Derek. | 你想见见我的儿子吗? 德里克 |
[21:26] | Derek’s living in the basement since his divorce, if that’s okay. | 德里克 自从离婚后一直住在地下室里 如果你不介意的话 |
[21:29] | Hey, Mom. | 嗨 妈妈 |
[21:37] | -Let’s go, Ma. -I want just a minute. | -我们走吧 妈 -我只要一分钟就好 |
[21:48] | I never… | 我从来没有… |
[21:52] | Forgive me, dear. I can’t cry. | 原谅我 亲爱的 我不能哭 |
[21:58] | I don’t know what it is, but I can’t cry. | 我不知道那是什么 但是我不能哭 |
[22:03] | It seems to me that you’re just on another trip. | 对我来说 你只是又开始了另一次旅行 |
[22:08] | I keep expecting you. Why did you do it? | 我不断地期盼你回来 你为什么要这样做? |
[22:11] | I search and I search and I can’t understand it. | 我找了又找 还是不能理解 |
[22:16] | I made the last payment on the house today. | 今天我付清了房子的最后一笔款额 |
[22:20] | We’re free and clear. We’re free. We’re free. | 我们自由了 我们自由了 我们自由了 |
[22:31] | -Well done. -Bravo. | -干得很好 -好啊! 真棒! |
[22:34] | -Well done. It was very successful. -I thought it was wonderful. | -不错 非常成功 -我认为它特别出色 |
[22:39] | Why did the older people look so young? | 为什么年纪大的人看上去如此年轻? |
[22:42] | It was a choice, Dad. I’ll explain later. | 这是挑选出来的 爸爸 我待会跟你解释 |
[22:44] | I can’t get excited about your restaging someone else’s old play, it just… | 你重新将他人的旧戏剧搬上舞台 我不得不感到兴奋 |
[22:50] | There’s nothing personal in it. | 这没有掺杂任何我个人感情 |
[22:51] | People are coming out of the theater crying. | 人们都哭着走出剧院 |
[22:54] | Great. Be a fucking tool of suburban, blue-haired… | 很好 做一个郊区的 蓝头发的 地区剧院的观看者 |
[22:57] | …regional-theater subscribers. | 区域影院用 |
[22:59] | -You didn’t you think it was long? -No. | -你觉得它很短吗? -没有啊 |
[23:01] | But what are you leaving behind? | 但是你留下了什么? |
[23:02] | You act as if you have forever to figure it out. | 你表现得就像是你要去找到永恒 |
[23:05] | When you’re dead, there’s no time. The world is… | 当你死了 就没时间了 这个世界是… |
[23:07] | I don’t know. I slept maybe three hours. | 我不知道 我也许只睡了三小时 |
[23:11] | So we’re both tired. | 所以我们都很疲惫 |
[23:15] | No, I cuddled with Olive all night. It was great. | 没有 我整晚都抱着奥利芙 感觉很好 |
[23:23] | Morning. Morning. | 早上好 早上好 |
[23:27] | -Morning, Caden. -I think I might have arthritis. | -早上好 凯顿 -我想我可能有关节炎 |
[23:31] | Friends on fire. | 朋友正着急呢 |
[23:36] | I’m going to. | 我马上去 |
[23:39] | No, I know exactly. Okay, I will. I’ll call you later. | 不 我知道 好的 我会的 我待会打电话给你 |
[23:44] | I know. You’re right. Bye. | 我知道 你是对的 拜拜 |
[23:48] | My joints are stiff. | 我的关节很僵硬 |
[23:54] | Who was that? | 谁打的电话 |
[23:58] | -Maria. -Right. | -玛丽亚 -哦 |
[24:01] | Three hours since you spoke. | 过了三小时你终于说话了 |
[24:04] | Caden, I think I wanna go to Berlin with just Olive. | 凯顿 我想只带奥利芙去柏林 |
[24:10] | -I think it would be good for us. -Oh, Christ. | -我想这样对我们都好 -啊 救世主啊 |
[24:14] | Morning, kiddos. | 早上好 孩子们 |
[24:17] | Why don’t you want me to go? | 你为什么不想让我去 |
[24:20] | You know, I think it would be a good thing for the two of us to do alone. | 你知道 我觉得我们两个分开来是件好事 |
[24:26] | How do you think I’m supposed to respond to something like that? | 你认为我会对这件事情作何反应? |
[24:32] | -Want me to zip your coat up? -Yeah. | -想让我拉上衣服拉链吗? -嗯 |
[24:40] | What’s wrong with your face, Daddy? | 爸爸 你的脸怎么啦 |
[24:44] | It’s pustules. | 长了脓包 |
[24:47] | It’s called sycosis. | 它被称作是须疮 |
[24:50] | Spelled differently than “psychosis,” but it sounds the same. | 和精神这个词拼写不同 但发音相同 |
[24:54] | I don’t know what that means. | 我不知道那是什么意思 |
[24:56] | Of course not. | 你当然不懂 |
[24:57] | Well, there are two kinds of psychosis. They’re spelled differently. | 有两个发音是psychosis的词 但是它们的拼写不同 |
[25:02] | P-S-Y is like if you’re crazy, like Mama. | 一个单词的意思就是精神上疯了 比如你的妈妈 |
[25:07] | S-Y is like these ugly things on my face. | 另一个词的意思就是我脸上长得这些丑陋的东西 |
[25:11] | -You could have both, though. -I could, but I don’t. | -但是你可以拥有这两者 -我可以 但是我没有拥有这两者 |
[25:23] | Can I ask you something, Ad? | 我能问你一些事么? |
[25:29] | Have I disappointed you somehow? | 我是不是哪里让你失望了? |
[25:33] | I don’t know what I’m doing. We’re just spending a little time apart. | 我不知道我在做什么 我们只是分开一小段时间而已 |
[25:41] | We’ll talk when I get back, okay? | 等我回来后 我们再讨论这个 好吗? |
[25:47] | Everyone is disappointing. The more you know someone, it just… | 每个人都在失望 你越了解一个人 |
[25:52] | This whole romantic-love thing, it’s just a projection anyway, right? | 整个浪漫的爱情 就越是一种幻影 对吗? |
[25:57] | I mean, I don’t know. | 我的意思是 我不知道 |
[26:03] | I’m sorry. I’m sorry. | 对不起 对不起 |
[26:08] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[26:16] | I don’t know what I’m doing. I don’t know. | 我不知道我在做什么 我不知道 |
[26:27] | We’ll talk when I get back. | 等我回来后我们再谈谈 |
[26:33] | Okay? | 好吗? |
[26:46] | Flurostatin TR allows you to live life… | 氟伐他汀让你能继续生存 |
[26:49] | …when it’s your turn to face the challenges of chemotherapy. | 当你面对化疗的挑战时 |
[27:08] | Ask your doctor if Flurostatin TR is right for you. | 问问你的医生 氟伐他汀是否适用于你 |
[27:29] | -And I’m on the first train out of Palookaville. | 我在第一列火车上 |
[27:32] | -The Miracle Brush can scour everything from bottles… | 神奇毛刷可以擦掉瓶子上的任何脏渍 |
[27:35] | -Rise and shine… -Lift those legs… | -上升 就会发亮 -抬起双腿 |
[27:58] | -I’m lonely. -Yes. Anything else? | -我很孤独 -嗯 还有呢? |
[28:03] | -I’m hurt. -Yes. And? | -我受到伤害了 -好 然后呢? |
[28:11] | I think Adele’s right. I’m not doing anything real… | 我认为阿黛尔是对的 我没在做任何真实的事情 |
[28:14] | What would be real? | 什么是真实的? |
[28:16] | I’m afraid I’m gonna die. | 我担心我要死了 |
[28:20] | I don’t know what’s wrong with me. | 我不知道我到底是怎么了? |
[28:22] | I wanna do something important while I’m still here. | 趁我还在这个世上的时候 我想做些重要的事情 |
[28:25] | That would be the time to do it. | 这正是个恰当的时间去做 |
[28:27] | I have a book that might help you get better. | 我这有一本书 也许会对有所帮助 |
[28:29] | -Better? -It’s called Getting Better. | -更好? -书的名字就叫 变得更好 |
[28:34] | -Who wrote it? -I did. All of these. | -是谁写的? -我写的 所有的这些书都是我写的 |
[28:37] | -Wow, I never knew that. -Yes. Well, wow, indeed. | -我从来不知道 -是的 确实很棒 |
[28:43] | In conclusion… Cats eat rats… | 总之… 猫吃老鼠… |
[28:45] | Within his own plumbing… Me who am as a raw nerve… | 在他自己的管道里 我像是一根裸露的神经 |
[28:48] | Synthetic vaginal juices… Substantial crease… | 合成的爱液… |
[28:51] | That’s $45. | 这本书45美元 |
[29:06] | Five. Five. | 五 五 |
[29:11] | Five. | 五 |
[29:14] | Some fives. That’s not good. | 有好几个五 情况不是很乐观 |
[29:17] | Keep with the flossing. We’ll see you in three months. | 坚持用洁牙线清洁牙齿 三个月后再来检查 |
[29:20] | Six. Six. Six. | 六 六 六 |
[29:24] | I’m gonna recommend you see a periodontist. | 我要建议你去见个牙周病医生 |
[29:27] | He’ll probably recommend gum surgery. | 他可能会推荐你做个牙周手术 |
[29:35] | -Hello? -Hey, I’m so glad I finally got you. | -嗨 -嗨 很高兴终于联系到你了 |
[29:39] | -Hello, who is this? -It’s Caden. | -哈罗 是哪位? -是凯顿 |
[29:42] | Ellen? | 艾伦? |
[29:44] | It’s Caden. I can’t wait to see you and Olive on the 12th… | 是凯顿 我等不及12号见你和奥利芙了 |
[29:48] | No, I have to go. I’m sorry, there’s a party. I’m famous. | 我必须走了 对不起 有个聚会 我很受欢迎 |
[29:53] | Have fun… | 玩得开心… |
[30:10] | 911, state your emergency. | 这是911 有什么紧急情况? |
[30:12] | -I’m sick! I’m sick! -Ma’am? | -我病了 我病了! -女士? |
[30:39] | Mr. Cotard? | 柯塔德先生? |
[30:57] | Mr. Cotard. | 柯塔德先生 |
[31:09] | You’ve had a seizure of sorts. | 你有过类似的突然发作 |
[31:14] | What does that mean? | 什么意思? 那是什么意思 |
[31:15] | Seems to be some synaptic degradation, fungal in origin. | 大概是细菌引起的突发性退化 |
[31:20] | Autonomic functions are going haywire. | 导致神经系统的混乱 |
[31:22] | You’ll lose your ability to salivate, cry, et cetera. | 这将使你失去分泌唾液和哭泣等等的能力 |
[31:25] | -Is it serious? -We don’t know. But, yes. | -严重吗? -还说不清楚 不过的确挺严重的 |
[31:30] | We’ll get you enrolled in some biofeedback program. | 我们会把你列入一些生理回馈治疗的项目里的 |
[31:32] | Maybe you can learn some sort of manual override. | 也许会让你学到点能自己应付的办法 |
[31:48] | We should get a drink. It would be fun. | 咱们去喝一杯吧 会很有意思的 |
[31:51] | -It would be weird. | -我看是会很奇怪吧 |
[31:53] | -I like weird. I like you. See? | -我喜欢奇怪的感觉 还有你 知道吗? |
[31:58] | Anyway, I don’t wanna make you uncomfortable, I… | 但我不想让你感到别扭 我….. |
[32:03] | Okay, so I do wanna make you uncomfortable. | 好吧 那么我就是想让你觉得怪怪的 |
[32:18] | And what do we do with all this? | 我们这是在干嘛? |
[32:23] | You wanna come over to my place, Cotard? | 要不去我家吧 柯塔德? |
[32:30] | I won’t let you off the hook this time by saying, “Never mind.” | 这次我可不会让你用一句”算了”就溜走的 |
[32:34] | Adele is only on vacation. | 阿黛尔只是去度假了 |
[32:37] | She hasn’t called since she left. It’s been a year. | 她走了之后就没联系过你 都一年了 |
[32:42] | It’s been a week. | 只过了一个星期 |
[32:46] | I’m gonna buy you a calendar. | 我会给你买个日历的 |
[32:57] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[33:02] | Just for one drink. | 就去喝几杯 |
[33:07] | Come on. Scraps for my scrapbook. | 走吧 把这些夹到我的剪贴本里边去 |
[33:15] | I can’t… I really can’t drink very much because of my condition. | 因为我的身体问题 我…我真的不能喝太多了 |
[33:29] | Did you put something in it? | 你在里边放了什么吗? |
[33:30] | If that’s what it takes, consider it done. | 如果有必要的话 那就算是吧 |
[33:37] | Love potion number 69. | 第69号情丸 |
[33:43] | -It’s good. -Does it make you wanna kiss me? | -还不错 -这使你有想吻我吗? |
[33:47] | -Kind of. -Tell me why. | -有点 -为什么 |
[33:51] | Because I feel a lot of longing. | 因为我觉得我很渴望这样 |
[33:54] | Beg a girl, why don’t you? | 干嘛不向这个女孩祈求呢? |
[33:57] | -Please, Hazel. -On your knees. | -求你了 海柔尔 -跪下求我 |
[34:00] | What? | 啊? |
[34:02] | I want you to beg me on your knees for a kiss. | 我要你跪下来祈求一亲芳泽 |
[34:06] | Just for fun. | 玩玩嘛 |
[34:11] | Why am I doing this? | 我干嘛要这样啊? |
[34:14] | For fun, baby. | 玩玩嘛 亲爱的 |
[34:20] | Will you help me forget my troubles? | 你会帮助我原谅自己的问题吗? |
[34:23] | Oh, kiddo. | 噢 我的孩子 |
[34:27] | You don’t even know. | 你根本搞不明白的 |
[34:33] | -What? -I don’t know. | -怎么了? -我不知道 |
[34:36] | -What is it? -I don’t know, I’m sorry. | -怎么回事啊? -我不知道 对不起 |
[34:41] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[34:44] | -What? -I don’t know, I’m just… | -怎么了嘛? -我不清楚 只是… |
[34:49] | I’m just really confused. | 只是有点心烦 |
[34:53] | I’m sorry. | 对不起哈 |
[34:56] | I… | 我… |
[35:01] | I’m really sick. | 我真的病了 |
[35:06] | And I think I’m dying. | 而且我想我快死了 |
[35:10] | I have a kid, and I’m married. | 我有个孩子 还有个老婆 |
[35:19] | I just thought this might change things, you know? | 我本来以为今天会有些改变的 你知道吗? |
[35:25] | I had a good time, and I think you’re a very nice person. | 今天我过得很愉快的 你也是很好的一个人 |
[35:31] | That is just the wrong thing to say right now, Caden. | 你现在不该这么说的 凯顿 |
[35:47] | You should go. | 你走吧 |
[35:55] | Hazel. Leave a message or not. It’s your dime. | “我是海柔尔 留不留言随你 总之是你打来的” |
[35:58] | Hi. You know, I haven’t heard from you in a while… | 嗨 你知道 我有段时间没和联系你了… |
[36:01] | …and I just thought I’d call and say hi. | …我只是觉得应该打来问候一下 |
[36:04] | Hi, Hazel. | 你好 海柔尔 |
[36:12] | Now. Now. Be here now. | 此时 此刻 到这来 |
[36:16] | Olive wanted me to ask you not to read her diary. | “奥利芙要我让你别去读她的日记 |
[36:18] | She left it under her pillow by mistake. | 她不小心把日记放在她枕头下了” |
[36:39] | Dear Mr. Cotard, it is my pleasure to inform you… | 亲爱的 柯塔德先生 我很荣幸地告诉您… |
[36:42] | …that you have been named a 2009 MacArthur Fellow. | …您已经获得了2009年的麦克阿瑟奖 |
[36:45] | It is our hope that you will use your newly found financial freedom… | 我们希望您运用您的这笔新的资金… |
[36:48] | …to create something unflinchingly true, profoundly beautiful… | …去创造出真切现实的 深刻动人的… |
[36:52] | …and of unremitting value to your community and to the world. | …以及对社会以及整个世界做出更大的贡献 |
[36:55] | -I got this MacArthur grant. -Oh, Caden. | -我得到了这个麦克阿瑟奖 -噢 凯顿 |
[36:57] | -Yeah, a lot of money. -Know what you’re gonna do with it? | -对啊 有好多钱 -知道自己将怎么用这些钱吗? |
[37:00] | Theater piece. Something big and true and tough. | 一部戏剧 一部宏大真实而又艰苦的剧 |
[37:04] | I’m gonna finally put my real self into something. | 我终于能把真正的自己投入到一件事上了 |
[37:07] | What is your real self, do you think? | 你觉得 你真正的自己是什么? |
[37:12] | I don’t know yet. | 我还没想明白 |
[37:15] | The MacArthur is called “the genius grant”… | 麦克阿瑟奖被称作”对天才奖励”… |
[37:18] | …and I wanna earn it. | …而我是想要得这奖的 |
[37:20] | That’s wonderful. God bless. | 那太好了 上帝保佑 |
[37:23] | I guess you’ll have to discover your real self, right? | 我想你会去发掘你自己的 对吗? |
[37:26] | Yeah. | 对 |
[37:29] | I wanted to ask you, how old are kids when they start to write? | 我想问你一下 一般会写字的小孩都多大了? |
[37:32] | There’s an absolutely brilliant novel written by a 4-year-old. | 我这有本非常精彩的描写4岁孩子的小说 |
[37:35] | -Really? -Little Winky by Horace Azpiazu. | -是吗? -小维基 贺拉斯.阿斯匹亚祖写的 |
[37:39] | -That’s cute. -Oh, hardly. | -挺可爱的 -噢 才不是呢 |
[37:41] | Little Winky is a virulent anti-Semite. | 小维基是一个充满敌意的反犹份子 |
[37:43] | The story follows his initiation into the Klan… | 故事从他加入3K党开始… |
[37:47] | …his immersion in the pornographic snuff industry… | …到他陷入私情凶杀界… |
[37:50] | …and his ultimate degradation at the hands of a black ex-convict… | …还有他在一个刑满释放的黑人的手下做的事情… |
[37:53] | …named Eric Washington Jackson Jones Johnson… | …那人叫埃里克.华盛顿.杰克逊 琼斯 约翰森… |
[37:57] | -Written by a 4-year-old? …Jefferson. | -一个4岁小孩写的? -…杰弗逊 |
[38:01] | Written by a 4-year-old? | 4岁的孩子写的? |
[38:02] | Well, Azpiazu killed himself when he was 5. | 阿斯匹亚祖5岁的时候自杀了 |
[38:05] | -Why did he kill himself? -I don’t know. Why did you? | -他为什么自杀呢? -我不知道 你又为什么呢? |
[38:08] | What? | 什么? |
[38:10] | I said, why would you? | 我说 如果是你你为什么会自杀呢? |
[38:13] | Oh, I don’t know. | 噢 我不知道 |
[38:18] | Yeah, I wanna bring my production to New York… | 我想把我的演出放在纽约… |
[38:22] | …to get it seen by people, you know, who matter. | …你知道的 让感兴趣的人来观看 |
[38:27] | -The sooner the better. -This theater, centrally located. | -越快越好 -这间剧院处在中心位置 |
[38:30] | Heart of the theater district, so, you know, great for plays. | 是整个剧院区的中心 你知道的 最适合上演剧目了 |
[38:33] | -Yeah? -Oh, yeah. Absolutely. There it is. | -是吗? -对啊 一点也不夸张 就是这了 |
[38:38] | -What was this used for? -Plays. | -这里是用来干嘛的? -戏剧 |
[38:43] | -Like, theater plays? -Shakespeare. | -像剧院那种剧吗? -恩 莎士比亚那种类型的 |
[38:49] | King Lear. | 李尔王 |
[38:51] | The storm. | 暴风雨 |
[38:54] | You see, the idea is to do a massive theater piece. | 你看 这个构思是去做一个极其宏大的剧场 |
[38:58] | You know, uncompromising, honest. | 没有一点妥协的 完全坦诚的 |
[39:03] | Here’s what I think theater is. It’s the beginning of thought. | 这就是我怎么看待剧场的 我的构想的开端 |
[39:08] | It’s the truth not yet spoken. | 是一个还没到时候讲出来的事实 |
[39:11] | It’s what a man feels like after he’s been clocked in the jaw. | 一个喋喋不休之后的人感受到的 |
[39:15] | It’s love in all its messiness. | 是一段在混乱中的爱情 |
[39:21] | You know, and I want all of us, players and patrons alike… | 而我想要我们所有人 演员和观众… |
[39:25] | …to soak in the communal bath of it… | …都浸泡在一个公共池塘里边… |
[39:29] | …the mikvah, as the Jews call it. | …在犹太人叫的浸礼池里 |
[39:33] | Because we’re all in the same water, after all. | 因为我们毕竟都是在同一弯水中 |
[39:39] | You know, soaking in our very menstrual blood… | 你知道的 浸泡在我们自己的经血… |
[39:45] | …and nocturnal emissions. | …和梦遗之中 |
[39:48] | This is what I wanna try to give people. | 这就是我试图表达给人们的 |
[39:51] | Okay, here you go. Here’s your salad. | 这是你们点的 沙拉 |
[39:56] | -Here’s your soup. -Thanks. | -汤 -谢谢 |
[40:00] | -Thank you. -Enjoy. | -谢谢 -慢用 |
[40:09] | -What are you doing? -Salivating. | -你在干嘛? -分泌唾液 |
[40:13] | The biofeedback training. | 生理回馈训练 |
[40:19] | -So I was wondering if you’d help. -In your box office? | -所以我想你能来帮忙吗 -在你的售票处吗? |
[40:22] | No, as my assistant. | 不 做我的助理 |
[40:26] | I’m not sure I can work with you, Caden. | 我不清楚我是否能和你共事 凯顿 |
[40:30] | I’m kind of angry. | 因为我还有点生气 |
[40:32] | I just wanna normalize it. | 我只是想小事化了 |
[40:37] | I think we’d have a lot of fun together. | 我还觉得我们在一起的时候挺快乐的 |
[40:53] | I miss you. | 我想你了 |
[40:57] | -Really disturbing. -I know. | -真的有点烦了 -我知道 |
[41:02] | Dear diary, thank you for being my new best friend. | 亲爱的日记本本 谢谢你做我新的好朋友 |
[41:05] | My name is Olive Cotard, and I’m 4 years old. | 我叫 奥利芙.柯塔德 今年4岁了 |
[41:09] | I like chocolate, and my favorite color is pink. | 我喜欢吃巧克力 最喜欢粉红色 |
[41:15] | This is pink. | 这是粉色的 |
[41:20] | Yeah, that’s good. | 不错 这很好 |
[41:22] | -Next. -Hi. | -下一位 -嗨 |
[41:32] | We’ll start by talking honestly… | 我们从相互真诚的谈话开始… |
[41:34] | …and out of that, a piece of theater will evolve. | …然后我们在开始整个剧本 |
[41:39] | I’ll begin. | 我先来 |
[41:43] | I’ve been thinking a lot about dying lately. | 我最近想了很多有关死亡的事情 |
[41:45] | -You’re gonna be fine, sweetie. -Well, I appreciate that, Claire, but… | -你会没事的 亲爱的 -噢 谢谢你 克莱尔 但… |
[41:49] | You are, you poor thing. | 你真可怜 |
[41:51] | Yeah, well, regardless of how this particular thing works itself out… | 对啊 不管这次搞得好不好… |
[41:56] | …I will be dying. | …我都会死的 |
[42:00] | And so will you. | 你也是 |
[42:03] | And so will everyone here. | 每个人都会这样 |
[42:09] | And that’s what I wanna explore. | 所以这就是我想要探究的 |
[42:12] | We’re all hurtling towards death. | 我们都朝着死亡在前进 |
[42:19] | Yet here we are, for the moment, alive… | 而在某一时刻 我们在这里 活着… |
[42:23] | …each of us knowing we’re gonna die… | …但我们都知道终将一死… |
[42:27] | …each of us secretly believing we won’t. | …却又暗地的笃信我们逃过死亡 |
[42:31] | It’s brilliant. | 真厉害 |
[42:34] | It’s everything. | 概括了所有 |
[42:39] | It’s Karamazov. | 是卡拉马佐夫 |
[42:46] | -Stop. -I’m just asking. | -别闹了 -我只是问问 |
[42:48] | -You’re so obnoxious. -You’re so obnoxious. | -你讨厌 -你才讨厌 |
[42:52] | -You do not wanna cross me. -Don’t I? | -你不是想要和我分手吧 -是吗? |
[43:00] | Hi, Claire. | 嗨 克莱尔 |
[43:02] | -Hi. -Hazel. | -嗨 -海柔尔 |
[43:05] | Yeah. No, no. I know, I know. Hazel. You’re the box office. | 啊 我知道 海柔尔 售票处的 |
[43:08] | -Yeah, I’m the box office. -How are you? | -对啊 我是售票处的 -你好吗? |
[43:11] | Wonderful. You? | 很棒 你呢? |
[43:13] | Yeah, yeah. I’m good. I’m fine. Thank you. | 是的 当然 我很好 谢谢 |
[43:16] | Actually, I’m meeting Caden here. You know Mr. Cotard, right? | 事实上 我是来这见 凯顿 你认识 柯塔德先生的 对吧? |
[43:20] | Yes, I recall Mr. Cotard. | 对 我想起她来了 |
[43:24] | Yeah. I’m waiting… | 对啊 我是在等… |
[43:31] | -Hey. -Hi, Caden. | -嗨 -嗨 凯顿 |
[43:34] | -Hi, Caden. -Hi, Hazel. Hi, Claire. | -嗨 凯顿 -嗨 海柔尔 嗨 克莱尔 |
[43:37] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[43:39] | -This is Derek. -Hi, Derek. | -这是德里克 -嗨 德里克 |
[43:41] | -Hi, Derek. -Hi, Derek. | -嗨 德里克 -嗨 德里克 |
[43:49] | Well, we’ll leave you be. It’s nice to see you again. | 那么 我们先过去了 再次见到你很高兴 |
[43:52] | -Take care. -Why am I bowing? Okay, bye. | -保重哦 -我干嘛弓着身子? 好的 再见 |
[43:59] | -That was awkward. -Yeah, I guess. | -刚才有点尴尬啊 -恩 我想也是 |
[44:05] | Do you like beaver…? | 你喜欢勤奋的人吧…? |
[44:07] | So could you tell me maybe what it is that you want from me? | 那么告诉我你想从我这要什么? |
[44:12] | You know, like, from my character. | 你知道的 比如我的这个角色 |
[44:16] | Well, we’ll build it over time together. | 我们一起慢慢塑造吧 |
[44:19] | You know, try to find a real person, maybe, to model it after. | 你知道的 找到一个合适的人来塑造 |
[44:22] | That Hazel girl’s kind of interesting maybe. | 也许那个叫海柔尔的女孩感兴趣 |
[44:25] | -You know, like, why…? -Although… | -你知道的 为什么…? -虽然… |
[44:27] | Why is she still working at a box office at her age? | 为什么她这么大了还在售票处工作呢? |
[44:29] | I don’t know. Probably not that interesting. | 我不知道 也许是不感兴趣吧 |
[44:31] | Maybe she wanted to be an actress, but she lacked the confidence. | 也许她想要成为演员 但是缺乏自信? |
[44:35] | -Yeah, we’ll talk about it. -I’m so excited. | -也许吧 我们以后再谈这个 -我很激动的 |
[44:37] | Really? Why? | 是吗? 为什么? |
[44:40] | Because I think that it’s brave. | 因为我觉得那会很需要勇气 |
[44:44] | And I just feel like I’m gonna be part of a revolution. | 还有感觉我会成为一场革命的一部分 |
[44:49] | I keep thinking about Artaud, Krapp’s Last Tape… | 我一直在想 阿多德卡普的最后一卷… |
[44:52] | …you know, and Grotowski, for chrissake. | …还有戈多斯基 老天啊 |
[44:55] | I don’t know what I’m doing. | 我其实不知道自己在做什么 |
[44:59] | But that’s what so refreshing. | 但那就是让此变的有精神的原因 |
[45:00] | Knowing that you don’t know… | 知道你自己不知道… |
[45:03] | …is the first and the most essential step to knowing, you know? | …是知道的第一个也是最重要的步骤 对吗? |
[45:08] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[45:15] | -Well, I’m proud of you. -Thanks. | -总之 我一你为傲 -谢谢 |
[45:17] | -Don’t say that, not to me. -Oh, sorry. | -别这么对我说 -噢 对不起 |
[45:22] | My mother died last night. | 我妈妈昨晚去世了 |
[45:26] | Oh, my God. I’m so sorry. What are you doing out? | 噢 天呐 我很抱歉 你现在怎么样啊? |
[45:35] | -This is me. -Well… | -这就是我 -那么… |
[45:38] | Well, it was nice meeting you. Oh, God, did I just say “meeting”? | 很高兴遇见你 噢 上帝 我是说了”遇见”这词吗? |
[45:42] | -I’m sorry. I’m so stupid. -Slip of the tongue, is all. | -我很抱歉 我真笨 -一时口误 没什么的 |
[45:47] | Yeah, it’s a Freudian slip, right? | 恩 下意识的 对吗? |
[45:51] | I don’t know how it’s Freudian. | 我不知道这怎么下意识了 |
[45:53] | To meet, you know? Like, to meet. | 去相遇 你知道吗? 比如说 去相遇 |
[46:02] | There she met Ralph Keene. They fell in love, married… | 她遇见了 拉尔夫.金 然后他们相爱 结婚… |
[46:06] | …and soon their first child, Claire, was born. | …很快第一个孩子 克莱尔 出生了 |
[46:09] | I used to be a baby. | 我以前是个孩子的 |
[46:11] | Claire Elizabeth Keene was a joyous child… | 克莱尔.伊丽莎白.金是一个快乐的孩子… |
[46:14] | -I’m sorry. …the apple of her mother’s eye. | -我很抱歉 -…她母亲的瞳孔… |
[46:17] | She made her parents proud with her politeness and gymnastic skills. | 她的优雅和体操的技艺是她父母的骄傲 |
[46:22] | God, you’re beautiful. | 天啊 你真漂亮 |
[46:24] | When she was 7, little Claire was bitten by the acting bug. | 她7岁时感受到了表演的魔力 |
[46:28] | She starred in almost every school musical… | 然后开始在几乎每所学校的… |
[46:31] | …playing Ado Annie in Oklahoma… | …的俄克拉荷马这部音乐剧中演出爱多.安妮… |
[46:34] | …Adelaide in Guys And Dolls, and Maria in The Sound Of Music. | …红蓝绿女中的阿黛雷蒂以及音乐之声中的玛丽亚 |
[46:39] | I have to fuck you. I have to. | 我必须和你做爱 必须 |
[46:47] | There will be no other before you. | 我将永远珍惜你的 |
[46:55] | I’d like to buy a ticket, please. | 我想买张票 谢谢 |
[46:57] | -Okay. Hold it. -That’ll be $40. | -好的 等等 -票价是40美元 |
[47:03] | We’re not really… We need to investigate. | 我们并不是真正的…我们需要研究 |
[47:07] | You know, to really discover the essence of each being. | 你们知道吗 去真正地发现每一个物的本质 |
[47:13] | You know, I think I need to work with both of you separately. | 我想我需要和你们每个人单独共事一段时间 |
[47:16] | Davis, I’ll start with you. | 戴维斯 从你开始 |
[47:20] | I liked the beginning. I don’t wanna see a good scene… | 我喜欢这个开始 我不想让一个好的场景… |
[47:24] | “Davis, I’ll start with you”? | “戴维斯 从你开始”? |
[47:26] | There’s a difference between favoring me and pretending we’ve never met. | 喜欢我和装作我们从没遇见过是两码事 |
[47:29] | I mean, we’ve had Ariel. | 我是说 我们已经有了 阿瑞尔 |
[47:31] | I think people know that we’ve fucked. | 我想他们肯定知道我们有一腿的 |
[47:33] | We’ll talk about your character after we put Ariel to bed, okay? | 等把阿瑞尔送上床以后再来说你的角色 好吗? |
[47:38] | Okay. | 好的 |
[47:47] | I think I made a breakthrough. | 我想我取得了一个突破 |
[47:49] | -This character is so beautiful… -Yeah, I have to go find my daughter. | -这个角色太美了… -是啊 我得去找我的女儿 |
[47:53] | -Your daughter’s right here. -My real daughter. | -你的女儿在这呢 -我真正的女儿 |
[47:56] | -Excuse me? -I mean, my first daughter, Olive. | -你说什么? -我是说 我的第一个女儿 奥利芙 |
[47:59] | -I have to go find her. -Please don’t do this to us. | -我得去找到她 -请别对我们这么做 |
[48:02] | She’s tattooed. She’s tattooed. | 她纹身了 她纹了身 |
[48:04] | Oh, everyone is tattooed. | 每个人都纹过身的 |
[48:07] | Oh, I’ve never seen that before. | 我还从没见过这个 |
[48:10] | -You have responsibilities. -Yeah, I’ll be quick. I’ll do it quick. | -你是有责任的 -对 我会很快的 我会很快找到她的 |
[48:14] | Redundancy is fluid. Life moves to the south. | 多余的东西是可以改变的 生命也会逐渐熄灭 |
[48:19] | There is only the now, and I am always with you. | 但唯一不变的是 我一直和你在一起 |
[48:22] | For example, look to your left. | 比如 看你的左边 |
[48:26] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[48:29] | When you canceled, it freed me up, | 当你取消治疗以后 我终于可以轻松一下了 |
[48:32] | so I’m traveling too. | 所以我也开始了旅游 |
[48:37] | You know, I’m not sure I’m getting the book. | 你知道吗 我觉得我没太读明白这本书 |
[48:50] | Oh, but it’s getting you. You’re almost non-recognizable now. | 噢 但它吸引了你 你已经几乎认不出来了 |
[49:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[49:08] | I show you my leg. I stand close, | 我给你看了我的大腿 站得离你很近 |
[49:12] | and you inhale my perfume. | 你还闻到了我的香水味 |
[49:14] | I offer my ripe flower to you and you deny it. | 我将我成熟的芬芳送给你但却被你否决 |
[49:18] | This book is over. | 这本书结束了 |
[49:34] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[49:36] | I don’t speak German. | 我不会说德语 |
[49:38] | Yeah, yeah. I may help you, mister? | 好 我也许能帮你 先生? |
[49:41] | I’m looking for Adele Cotard. Adele Lack. | 我找阿黛尔.柯塔德 阿黛尔.兰克 |
[49:44] | We must not give addresses or other personal informations. | 我们不可以透露地址或其他私人信息的 |
[49:47] | -I’m her husband. -No, you are not her husbands… | -我是她丈夫 -不 你不是她丈夫… |
[49:51] | …which is named Gunther und Heinz. | …她丈夫叫冈特.昂.海兹 |
[49:53] | I’m the father of her daughter, Olive. | 我是她女儿 奥利芙的爸爸 |
[49:56] | I see. I’m sorry, I cannot help you. | 我明白了 抱歉 我不能帮你 |
[50:00] | Dear diary, Germany is wonderful. So many friends here. | 亲爱的日记 德国太好了 有好多朋友 |
[50:05] | My new dads are great and handsome… | 我的新爸爸很好很帅… |
[50:08] | …and brilliant directors of theater. | …是戏院出色的导演 |
[50:10] | Hello. | 你好 |
[50:17] | You’re here? | 你也在这? |
[50:18] | Yeah. I live with Adele and Olive and Gunther and Heinz… | 对啊 我和阿黛尔还有奥利芙以及冈特.海兹… |
[50:22] | …and Uschi and Britt. I’m everyone’s nanny. | …乌奇.布里特 我都是大家的保姆了 |
[50:27] | I wanna see my daughter. | 我想见我女儿 |
[50:29] | -Yeah, they sent me. -They? | -恩 他们叫我来了 -他们? |
[50:34] | Who are they? Who the fuck are Uschi and Britt? | 他们是谁? 乌奇和布里特是他妈哪来的? |
[50:37] | Yeah, they decided it’s not time to see you yet. | 是的 他们觉得现在还没到见你的时候 |
[50:40] | They decided? Who decided? They had her tattooed. | 他们觉得? 谁? 他们给她纹身了 |
[50:43] | Oh, I did that. Olive is my project… | 噢 是我做的 奥利芙是我的作品… |
[50:45] | She’s a 4-year-old! | 她才4岁! |
[50:48] | She’s a fucking 4-year-old! | 她才只有他妈的4岁! |
[50:55] | She’s almost over 11 now. | 她现在都快11岁了 |
[51:00] | She’s my muse. | 她是我的女神 |
[51:03] | I love her. | 我爱她 |
[51:08] | You don’t love her! | 你才不爱她呢! |
[51:12] | Where is she? | 她在哪? |
[51:15] | What did you do to my daughter? | 你对我的女儿做了什么? |
[52:16] | Death comes faster than you think. | 死亡往往来得比你想象的快多了 |
[52:23] | -That was your last patient for the day. -Let’s stop this charade. | -那是你今天最后一位病人 -我们别猜字谜了 |
[52:26] | I don’t know what you’re talking about, doctor. | 我不明白 你在说什么啊 医生 |
[52:29] | You’re actually having an affair off set. | 你们事实上是恋爱了 |
[52:31] | -Palpable, huh? -Oh, okay. | -显而易见的 好吗? -噢 好吧 |
[52:33] | -Who told you? -And it’s not good. | -谁告诉你的? -但这并不顺利 |
[52:36] | -Not good, oh, okay. -You’re actors playing actors. | -不顺利 噢 好的 -你们是扮演演员的演员 |
[52:38] | You’re in this scene, you’re not just filming it. You’re in this scene. | 你也在场景里 你不只是摄影的 你也在戏里 |
[52:42] | Just like that… | 就像这样… |
[52:43] | As you’re telling him this, you realize you’re attracted to him. | 就像你告诉他的 你认识到你已经被他吸引住了 |
[52:47] | How are you gonna let him know? | 你怎么让他知道这点呢? |
[52:48] | And the guilt you feel about telling him about somebody else knowing. | 还有告诉他还有谁知道所带给你的罪恶感 |
[52:52] | Daddy, Daddy is mine. | 爸爸 爸爸是我的 |
[52:54] | Daddy can’t play now, honey. | 爸爸现在不能和你玩 亲爱的 |
[52:56] | Daddy doesn’t live with us anymore, baby. He had to go find himself. | 爸爸没有和我们住在一起了 孩子 他得去寻找他自己 |
[53:00] | They still feel a little tight in the toe. | 还是觉得脚趾尖有点紧 |
[53:02] | Have an argument. You’re having an argument. Have it. | 吵起来 你们在吵架呢 那就吵吧 |
[53:07] | -I don’t buy it. -You, sir, are a horse’s ass. | -我不买了 -先生 你是一个大马屁 |
[53:10] | What? Just get the fucking shoe. You gave me two sizes too big. | 什么? 去给我拿那该死的鞋吧 拿了两只都大了 |
[53:14] | Tom, don’t turn into another person just because I say change your action. | 汤姆 不要因为我要你改变戏的内容 就变成另外一个人了 |
[53:18] | And this started just today? It never happened before? | 这只是今天才开始的? 以前从没有过? |
[53:24] | Okay. Good. | 好的 好了 |
[53:26] | You can get dressed. | 穿衣服吧 |
[53:31] | I mean, you’re a doctor, right? | 我是说 你是个医生 对吧? |
[53:33] | Am I dying? Can you tell me that? | 我是要死了吗? 你能告诉我吗? |
[53:35] | -No. -No, you can’t tell me? | -不 -不 你不能告诉我? |
[53:37] | -I can’t tell you. -You can’t tell me if you can’t tell me? | -我不能告诉你 -你不能告诉我你是否能告诉我? |
[53:41] | -No. -No, you can’t tell me… | -是的 -你不能告诉我… |
[53:43] | …because you’re not allowed to? -No. | -…是因为你没有告诉我吗? -对 |
[54:11] | -Caden. -What are you doing here? | -凯顿 -你在这干嘛? |
[54:16] | I was wondering if I was gonna bump into you. | 我正在想我是不是能撞见你呢 |
[54:19] | -You look great. -Thanks. | -你看起来很棒 -谢谢 |
[54:21] | -Is that a new haircut? -Yeah. For a while now. | -这是新的头型吗? -对 有一阵子了 |
[54:26] | What are you doing in New York? | 你在纽约干什么呢? |
[54:28] | I’m here with Derek and the boys. A mini vacation. | 我陪德里克和孩子们来的 一个迷你假期 |
[54:31] | -The boys? -Yeah. I thought you knew. | -孩子们? -对啊 我以为你知道的 |
[54:36] | -How old? -Five. | -多大了? -5岁 |
[54:39] | Twins. Robert and Daniel and Alan. | 是双胞胎 罗伯特和丹尼尔 还有阿兰 |
[54:44] | Yes. | 是的 |
[54:47] | They’re nice names. Where are they? | 很好听的名字 他们在哪? |
[54:50] | Derek took them to the Natural History so I could shop. | 德里克带他们去自然历史博物馆了 这样我才能去买点东西 |
[54:57] | It’s so good to see you, Caden. L… How are things? | 见到你真好 凯顿…最近怎么样啊? |
[55:01] | You know, I was with Claire. | 你知道的 我和克莱尔在一起了一段时间 |
[55:05] | And we have a daughter. But we’re separated. | 我们有个女儿 但最后分开了 |
[55:09] | How about with you? | 你呢? |
[55:13] | Good. I have a great job at Lens Shapers. | 很好 我在镜片厂找了个好工作 |
[55:16] | Shapers. Great. You wear a lab coat. | 镜片厂 真好 你穿了件工作服 |
[55:23] | -It’s so good to see you. -Oh, good to see you, Hazel. | -很高兴见到你 -噢 我也很高兴见到你 海柔尔 |
[55:57] | Hey! What are you doing? | 嗨! 你在干嘛? |
[56:01] | -I got you. -Let me go. | -我抓到你了 -让我走 |
[56:03] | How I love Maria. | 我有多爱玛丽亚 |
[56:04] | She is so much more of a father than Caden ever was… | 她比凯顿像爸爸多了… |
[56:08] | …with his drinking and unfortunate body odor and rotting teeth. | …也不酗酒 没有体臭和腐烂的牙齿 |
[56:13] | I could only loathe him, and perhaps pity him. | 我只能讨厌他 或者也许可怜他 |
[56:17] | But Maria. | 但玛丽亚 |
[56:22] | I wanna come back. | 我想回来 |
[56:24] | I wanna take care of you and Olive. Ariel. Ariel. Fuck. | 我想照顾你和奥利芙 阿瑞尔 阿瑞尔 该死 |
[56:32] | Ariel. | 阿瑞尔 |
[56:43] | No, no, no, it’s so late. Please. | 不不不 很晚了 别接 |
[56:46] | No, no, no. Please. | 不 不 别接 |
[56:50] | Hello? | 喂? |
[56:55] | Okay. | 好的 |
[57:07] | My father died. | 我父亲去世了 |
[57:13] | Oh, baby. | 噢 宝贝 |
[57:19] | They said his body was riddled with cancer and that he didn’t know. | 他们说他的身体被癌症折磨得不成样子 而他还不知道 |
[57:24] | That he went in because his finger hurt. | 他入院是因为手指伤到了 |
[57:27] | They said he suffered horribly. | 他们还说他忍受了巨大的痛苦 |
[57:33] | And that he… | 还有他… |
[57:37] | That he called out for me before he died. | 他在死前要打电话给我的 |
[57:42] | They said that he said he regretted his life. | 他们说他为他的一生而后悔 |
[57:48] | And they said he said a lot of things. | 还说了很多很多 |
[57:53] | Too many to recount. | 多得记不下来 |
[57:55] | They said it was the longest… | 他们说那是他们听过的最漫长的… |
[57:58] | …and saddest deathbed speech any of them had ever heard. | …也是最悲伤的临终讲话 |
[58:03] | There was so little left of him… | 他几乎什么也没留下… |
[58:06] | …they had to fill the coffin with cotton balls… | …他们只得把棺材里塞满了棉球… |
[58:09] | …to keep him from rattling around. | …让他不会在里面碰来碰去的 |
[58:18] | I’m really sorry for your loss. | 我很抱歉你爸爸走了 |
[58:20] | Thank you. Can you excuse me a moment? | 谢谢 我离开一下好吗? |
[58:23] | -Of course. -I need to use the bathroom. | -当然 -我要去洗手间 |
[58:26] | -All right. -Okay. | -好的 -那好 |
[58:29] | God bless you and your family. | 上帝保佑你和你的家人 |
[58:32] | God bless you. Will you excuse me? | 上帝保佑你 我离开一下 |
[58:37] | It’s Hazel. Leave a message or not. It’s your dime. | 我是海柔尔 留不留言随你的便 总之是你打来的 |
[58:46] | It’s left five people dead. | “…这导致5人死亡…” |
[58:48] | Sorry. | 打扰了 |
[58:52] | -Caden? -Hi, Derek. | -凯顿? -嗨 德里克 |
[58:54] | Officials suspect arson. | “官方怀疑是纵火 |
[58:56] | In other news, German pharmaceutical giant… | 另一则消息 德国制药巨头…” |
[58:59] | …has won its libel suit against patients… | …赢得了与病人的诽谤诉讼… |
[59:01] | …claiming chromosomal damage from use of the arthritis medication… | …申明由于使用关节炎药而引起的染色体损害…” |
[59:05] | Will you just tell me what to do? | 你可以告诉我怎么办吗? |
[59:13] | In Pakistan today, the government… | “巴基斯坦政府今天…” |
[59:24] | Caden, everyone has to figure out their own life, you know. | 凯顿 每个人都要搞明白他们自己的生活 你知道的 |
[59:29] | I just want you to look at me the way you used to. | 我只是想要你像以前那样看着我 |
[59:32] | Oh, honey, I can’t anymore. | 噢 亲爱的 我不能再这么做了 |
[59:36] | You know I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[59:39] | I screwed everything up, and I don’t have any courage. | 我把所有的事都搞砸了 现在也没有勇气了 |
[59:44] | -And I’m sorry. -Caden. | -我很抱歉 -凯顿 |
[59:48] | -I’m okay. -I don’t want you to be okay. | -我很好的 -我不想让你好的 |
[59:52] | I mean, I do, but it just… | 我的意思是 我想 但只是… |
[59:58] | It rips my guts out. | 让我没有胆量了 |
[1:00:00] | I’ll help you through any way I can. | 我会以任何我可以的方式来帮你的 |
[1:00:03] | And I’ll help you through too. | 我也是 |
[1:00:07] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[1:00:10] | I have Derek. | 我有德里克啊 |
[1:00:19] | Okay, I’m going. | 好的 我走了 |
[1:00:29] | Honey, I’m coming. | 亲爱的 我来了 |
[1:00:31] | Dear diary, today I felt a wetness between my legs. | 亲爱的日记 今天我感到我双腿之间一阵湿润 |
[1:00:35] | Maria explained to me now I am a woman. | 玛丽亚解释说我现在是一个女人了 |
[1:00:38] | And being a woman is wonderful with Maria to guide me. | 有玛丽亚的指导 做女人真是太好了 |
[1:01:34] | Olive? | 奥利芙? |
[1:01:42] | Olive. | 奥利芙 |
[1:01:45] | Olive, it’s Daddy. | 奥利芙 我是爸爸 |
[1:01:55] | Olive, it’s Daddy! Olive, it’s Daddy! | 奥利芙 我是爸爸啊! 奥利芙 我是爸爸啊! |
[1:01:59] | Don’t fucking stare at me! Olive! | 别他妈只看着我! 奥利芙! |
[1:02:03] | Get off! It’s my daughter! That’s my daughter! | 放开! 那是我女儿! 是我女儿! |
[1:02:08] | Get off! Get off! | 放开! 放开! |
[1:02:16] | I won’t settle for anything less than the brutal truth. | 除了残酷的现实我不会因为任何事情安顿下来 |
[1:02:21] | Brutal. Brutal. | 残酷的 残酷 |
[1:02:26] | Each day I’ll hand you a paper. It’ll tell you what happened to you that day. | 而每一天我都会地给你一个纸条 告诉你那天该做什么 |
[1:02:29] | You felt a lump in your breast. | 你觉得你的乳房有一个肿块 |
[1:02:31] | You looked at your wife and saw a stranger, et cetera. | 你看着你的妻子 好像是一个陌生人 等等 |
[1:02:34] | -Caden? -What? | -凯顿? -干嘛? |
[1:02:37] | When are we gonna get an audience in here? | 我们什么时候把观众带来这里? |
[1:02:40] | It’s been 17 years. | 已经过了17年了 |
[1:02:46] | All right, I’m not excusing myself from this either. | 好的 我也不会让自己置身世外 |
[1:02:49] | I will have someone play me… | 我会找人来演我… |
[1:02:51] | …to delve into the murky, cowardly depths… | …去探究我孤独失败的人生中 |
[1:02:54] | …of my lonely, fucked-up being. | …抑郁而又卑微的深处 |
[1:03:00] | And he’ll get notes too, and those notes will correspond… | 而他也会收到纸条… |
[1:03:03] | …to the notes I truly receive every day from my god. | …和我每天从上天得到的启示一模一样 |
[1:03:14] | Get to work! | 都干活去! |
[1:03:40] | They fired me. | 我被开除了 |
[1:03:44] | -I caused an outbreak of conjunctivitis. -Oh, God. | -我传染了结膜炎 -噢 天呐 |
[1:03:48] | I didn’t wash my hands. I had pinkeye hands. | 我当时手上有细菌却又没洗手 |
[1:03:50] | -Oh, God. -I’m a stupid cow. | -噢 天呐 -我真笨 |
[1:03:53] | Fucking private Christian school is killing us. | 那些该死的天主学校要折磨死我们了 |
[1:03:55] | You know, it’s not cheap. | 你知道的 那里那么贵 |
[1:03:57] | It’s Derek’s thing. I don’t believe in that shit, you know. | 都是德里克的主意 我本来不赞成的 |
[1:04:00] | You try to be a good person. I mean, that’s all there is. | 你想要帮我的 我是说 现在就是时候了 |
[1:04:05] | Do you have anything for me, Caden? | 你那边有什么我可以做的吗 凯顿? |
[1:04:11] | I mean, I already have an assistant. | 老实说 我已经有一个助理了 |
[1:04:15] | -I don’t have a box office yet, but… -Please, caden. | -现在也还没有开始售票 但… -拜托了 凯顿 |
[1:04:19] | Please, Caden. I… | 拜托了 凯顿 我… |
[1:04:22] | Please, Caden. | 求你了 凯顿 |
[1:04:28] | Sammy Barnathan? | 山米.博内森? |
[1:04:41] | Sit. Sammy Barnathan. | 坐吧 山米.博内森 |
[1:04:54] | I don’t have a resume? or a picture. | 我没有简历或者照片什么的 |
[1:04:59] | -I’ve never worked as an actor. -Good. Tell me why you’re here. | -我从未做过演员 -好的 告诉我你来这的原因吧 |
[1:05:04] | Well, I’ve been… | 我曾… |
[1:05:07] | I’ve been following you for 20 years. | 我曾跟踪你了20年 |
[1:05:10] | So I knew about this audition because I follow you. | 因为我跟踪了你 所以我知道这次面试 |
[1:05:13] | And I’ve learned everything about you by following you. | 跟踪你让我知道了你的所有事情 |
[1:05:17] | So hire me, and you’ll see who you truly are. | 雇了我 你就能知道你自己到底是谁了 |
[1:05:24] | Peekaboo. | 找找看吧 |
[1:05:29] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:05:33] | Hazel, I don’t think we need to talk to anyone else. This guy has me down. | 海柔尔 我觉得我们不需要和谁再说了 这人不错 |
[1:05:38] | I’m gonna cast him right now. Then maybe you and I can get a drink. | 就是他了 待会儿咱们去喝一杯吧 |
[1:05:42] | And we can try to figure out this thing between us… | 顺便谈谈咱们俩… |
[1:05:44] | …why I cried. | …为什么我哭了 |
[1:05:46] | Because I’ve never felt about anybody the way I feel about you. | 因为你给我带来了前所未有的感觉 |
[1:05:54] | And I wanna fuck you until we merge into a chimera… | 我还想和你做爱 直到我们融合在一起… |
[1:05:59] | …a mythical beast with penis and vagina eternally fused… | …变成一个既有阴茎又有阴道的大怪物… |
[1:06:04] | …two pairs of eyes that look only at each other… | …长着两对眼睛互相盯着… |
[1:06:07] | …and lips ever touching. | …舌头互相缠绕着 |
[1:06:12] | And one voice that whispers to itself. | 并且在低声自言自语 |
[1:06:29] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:06:32] | Yeah. You’ve got the part. | 是的 就你吧 |
[1:06:55] | I’ve never seen your shit gray. | 我从没见过你的大便是灰色的 |
[1:06:59] | It’s new. | 这是新情况了 |
[1:07:05] | That’s a good boy. | 这样很好 |
[1:07:13] | -When is it opening? -When it’s ready. | -什么时候对外啊? -准备好了的时候 |
[1:07:17] | -We need to get in. It’s bad out here. -Sorry. | -我们的进去啊 在外面太糟了 -对不起 |
[1:07:25] | You know, I was thinking of calling it Simulacrum. | 我在考虑把它命名为 拟像 |
[1:07:29] | I don’t even know what it means. | 我根本不知道这是什么意思 |
[1:07:32] | Can I have a nickel if I doesn’t play with my pee-pee no more? | 要是我不乱撒尿可以的一块硬币吗? |
[1:07:37] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[1:07:41] | How about The Flawed Light of Love and Grief? | 叫 爱恨情仇的漏点 怎么样? |
[1:07:44] | I’m not sure. | 我也不知道 |
[1:07:47] | Claire, I want you to play yourself. | 克莱尔 我想要你演你自己 |
[1:07:50] | Sammy’s gonna move into your apartment set as me. | 山米 搬进来演我 |
[1:07:58] | It would be my honor to play your husband, Claire. | 能扮演你的丈夫是我的荣幸 克莱尔 |
[1:08:00] | You’re an amazing actress. | 你是一个很棒的演员 |
[1:08:02] | No, I saw you do Bernarda Alba last year at the Roundabout. | 我看过你去年在环岛中扮演的伯纳德.阿尔巴 |
[1:08:07] | Yeah? | 是吗? |
[1:08:09] | That was a fun play. | 那部剧很有趣的 |
[1:08:10] | Emotionally, it was tough, but fucking fulfilling. | 虽然很艰苦 但去他妈的很有意义 |
[1:08:16] | Plus, I loved working with so many strong female actresses. | 顺便说 我还挺喜欢和一大帮强壮的女演员一起工作 |
[1:08:23] | I’m gonna start thinking about myself. | 我要开始想想怎么演我自己了 |
[1:08:29] | Start, huh? | 开始想想? |
[1:08:33] | Who is Claire Keen? Claire Keen. Claire Keen. | 谁是克莱尔.金? 克莱尔.金 克莱尔.金 |
[1:08:37] | -Why did we leave Adele, Caden? -Claire Keen. Well… | -我们为什么要离开阿黛尔 凯顿? -克莱尔.金… |
[1:08:43] | She left us. | 是她离开了我们 |
[1:08:47] | You know that better than anybody. | 除了我以外 |
[1:08:50] | Except me. | 你比谁都清楚 |
[1:08:53] | An amazing artist though. The best living artist. | 虽然是一位很棒的艺术家 最好的当代艺术家 |
[1:08:56] | I mean, there’s no one who stares the truth in the face like she does. | 我是说 没人可以比她更能面对现实 |
[1:09:01] | Sweet pussy too. | 身材也挺好的 |
[1:09:06] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道的? |
[1:09:11] | I read it. | 我感到的 |
[1:09:20] | Anyway… | 其实… |
[1:09:24] | I mean, I don’t know where she is. | 我也不知道她在哪 |
[1:09:27] | Well, maybe she’s got a sublet in New York. | 也许她在纽约租了房子 |
[1:09:31] | Maybe she’s got a retrospective at the Met. Maybe, baby. | 也许她还在回味曾经的热吻 也许吧 宝贝 |
[1:09:43] | Why are you giving me this? | 你给我这个干嘛? |
[1:09:45] | I wanna follow you there and see how you lose even more of yourself. | 我想跟你到那 看你是怎么表现的 |
[1:09:52] | Research. | 为了这个角色 |
[1:09:55] | You know, for the part. | 做点研究 |
[1:09:58] | Partner. | 做搭档 |
[1:10:49] | Hold it. Hold it, please. | 等一下 等一下 谢谢 |
[1:10:52] | Hold it, please. | 等等 谢谢 |
[1:10:56] | I asked you to hold the door. | 我叫你等等的 |
[1:10:59] | I’m sorry. I pressed the button, but I think it was too late. | 抱歉 我已经按了 再按也觉得晚了 |
[1:11:02] | You didn’t press it. | 你没按 |
[1:11:07] | -Have a good night. -Yeah, thanks. | -晚安 -恩 谢谢 |
[1:11:12] | -Are you Ellen? Ellen? -What? | -你是艾伦吗? 艾伦? -什么? |
[1:11:14] | -Are you Ellen Bascomb? -What? | -你是艾伦.巴斯卡? -啊? |
[1:11:16] | I’m to give the key to 31Y to Ellen Bascomb. | 我要把这钥匙交给31号的艾伦.巴斯卡 |
[1:11:21] | Yes, I’m Ellen. | 是的 我是艾伦 |
[1:11:22] | She said you should just go ahead and get started. | 她说你进去做就是了 |
[1:11:24] | -And don’t forget to change the sheets. -Okay, thanks. | -而且别忘了换床单 -好的 谢谢 |
[1:11:29] | Oh, sweetheart. | 噢 亲爱的 |
[1:11:43] | Adele? | 阿黛尔? |
[1:12:00] | Hi, Ellen. Be a doll and do the sheets | “嗨 艾伦 乖点 好好把床收拾一下 |
[1:12:03] | and whatever’s in the hamper. | 还有篮子里边的东西 |
[1:12:05] | Your money’s under the toaster. Kisses, Adele. | 酬劳放在面包机下面 亲一个 阿黛尔 |
[1:12:08] | P.S. Bag of stuff in bedroom closet for Goodwill. Take what you want. | 附注 我收拾了点东西放在卧室橱柜里 缺什么就拿吧” |
[1:12:36] | Went for a walk. I had to think. | 去走了走 我得好好想想 |
[1:12:49] | All night? | 想了一晚上? |
[1:12:52] | You smell weird. Are you wearing lipstick? | 什么味道 你抹了唇膏? |
[1:12:57] | No. | 没有 |
[1:13:00] | What do I smell like? | 我闻起来什么味道? |
[1:13:04] | Like bad? Like an old person? | 很难闻? 像老年人一样? |
[1:13:06] | I don’t know. Like mold and cleaning products. | 我也不知道 像清洁用具一样 |
[1:13:09] | Like you’re menstruating. I don’t know. | 就像你大姨妈来了一样 我也不知道 |
[1:13:11] | Menstruating? | 大姨妈来了? |
[1:13:13] | You tell me. | 你自己说吧 |
[1:13:15] | I don’t menstruate. I don’t know how I could smell like I’m menstruating. | 我是男的 我不明白我怎么可能闻起来像来了大姨妈 |
[1:13:18] | I wouldn’t know. | 我就更不知道了 |
[1:13:31] | I don’t like the guy you got to play you. | 我不喜欢那个扮演你的人 |
[1:13:33] | You don’t like Sammy? Why? | -你不喜欢山米? 为什么? |
[1:13:36] | I think he’s good. -I think you should fire him. | 我觉得他挺棒的 -我觉得该把他换了 |
[1:13:38] | Fuck you. I’m 45 years old. I don’t wanna do this shit anymore. | 去你的 我45岁了 不想再做这些事情 |
[1:13:41] | He’s the best thing in the play except you. | 不 他是这部剧除了你之外最好的 |
[1:13:43] | He’s coming on to me. He’s grabbing my ass in rehearsal. | 他骚扰我 在排练的时候摸我的屁股 |
[1:13:46] | -He’s your husband. -Good, Jimmy. | -他是你丈夫啊 -好的 吉米 |
[1:13:48] | He’s not my goddamn husband. You are. | 他才不是我的丈夫 你才是 |
[1:13:50] | What the fuck is wrong with you? | 你他妈是怎么回事? |
[1:13:54] | -I’m going to rehearsal. -It’s about the play. | -我要去排练了 -这是戏剧啊 |
[1:13:56] | -We’re getting at something real here. -That’s great, you guys. | -我们要在这里表现一些真实的东西 -演得不错 各位 |
[1:14:00] | Beautiful, Sammy. | 很棒 山米 |
[1:14:04] | -Caden? Time-out? -Yeah. | -凯顿? 休息一下? -好的 |
[1:14:08] | What’s up? | 怎么了? |
[1:14:10] | Well, I feel we need a Hazel in here. | 我觉得我们需要海柔尔在这里 |
[1:14:14] | I mean, there’s a whole side of Caden | 我是说 我们要展示的是全面的凯顿 |
[1:14:16] | I can’t explore without a Hazel. | 没了海柔尔我诠释不出来 |
[1:14:20] | -I guess, yeah. -I get to be a character? | -我想是吧 -我可以扮演一个角色了? |
[1:14:22] | Yeah. | 对 |
[1:14:29] | Hi, Ellen. Crackerjack job last night. | “嗨 艾伦 昨晚做得不错啊 |
[1:14:34] | Would you do sheets again? | 你能再来清理下床单吗? |
[1:14:36] | We had quite a fuck, and it’s musky and gross. Kisses, A. | 我们做爱把这弄得挺恶心的 亲一个 A” |
[1:14:41] | Hi, Adele. Relined the cabinets. | 嗨 阿黛尔 我换了橱柜的衬里 |
[1:14:44] | I just wanted to let you know I won a MacArthur Grant. | 我只是想让你知道 我得了麦克阿瑟奖 |
[1:14:47] | And I’m mounting a play which I think is gonna be pure and truthful. | 而且我正在打造一部我认为会是很纯粹很真实的剧 |
[1:14:51] | Best, Ellen. | 祝好 艾伦 |
[1:15:00] | I went for a walk. I had to think. | 去走了走 我得好好想想 |
[1:15:05] | Caden, what are you doing at night? | 凯顿 你一晚上都在干什么? |
[1:15:10] | I have a right to fucking know. | 我有权利知道 |
[1:15:13] | I’ve been going to Adele’s place. | 我去了阿黛尔住的地方 |
[1:15:17] | And cleaning it. | 打扫了一下 |
[1:15:22] | Do you have any idea what I’ve given up for you? For this? | 你知道我为了你放弃了什么吗? 为了这些? |
[1:15:26] | For you? For you? Could you please get that? | 为了你? 去开门好吗? |
[1:15:37] | -This looks serious. Am I interrupting? -What’s going on, Hazel? | -气氛没对啊 我有打扰到吗? -什么事 海柔尔? |
[1:15:42] | I just wanted you to know that the actress playing me… | 我只是来告诉你演我的那个演员… |
[1:15:45] | …is ready to start today. | …今天就可以开始了 |
[1:15:46] | That’s great. That’s all we need around here, is two Hazels. | 真好 我们需要的就是两个海柔尔 |
[1:15:50] | Okay, I’ll take that as my cue. | 好的 我会把它当作一个开始的 |
[1:15:54] | -Maybe you could clean her toilet. -Maybe I will. | -也许你还可以帮她洗洗马桶 -也许我会的 |
[1:15:59] | This is over. | 这一切都完了 |
[1:16:01] | -No, Claire… -I’m not talking to you. | -不 克莱尔… -我没和你说话 |
[1:16:04] | I didn’t say I was gonna clean Hazel’s toilet. He did. | 我没说我要去洗海柔尔的马桶的 是他说的 |
[1:16:07] | -But you thought it! -I thought it, but I didn’t say it. | -但你这么想过! -我想过 但没说啊 |
[1:16:10] | I got an offer to do Needleman in a Haystack. | 我受邀在”干草堆”里演裁缝 |
[1:16:14] | And I’m gonna take it. I want you out of the apartment. | 我会去演的 我还要你搬出去 |
[1:16:18] | The real one. You can keep this one. | 搬出真正的那个 这个你可以留着 |
[1:16:21] | Claire. | 克莱尔 |
[1:16:22] | Jesus. Claire. | 天呐 克莱尔 |
[1:16:26] | Hi, yeah, we’re gonna need a Claire replacement. | 嗨 是 我们需要一个扮演克莱尔的 |
[1:16:29] | Claire, I didn’t say it. | 克莱尔 那不是我说的 |
[1:16:38] | I already put out a call for a Claire replacement. | 我已经打电话叫他们找一个克莱尔的替补了 |
[1:16:43] | But I’m afraid I’m gonna have to move on. | 但我觉得我恐怕要重新开始了 |
[1:16:45] | Just like that? You don’t give a guy even a chance? | 就这样? 你一次机会也不给那家伙了吗? |
[1:16:49] | I’m not a chance-giving girl. | 我不是一个可以容忍的女孩 |
[1:16:51] | I’m a fun-loving girl, remember? | 我是一个喜欢找乐子的女孩 记得吗? |
[1:16:53] | I try and be fun-loving, see? | 我也试着做一个爱找乐子的 你看 |
[1:16:57] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[1:16:58] | My analyst says you have complexes. | 我的医生说你很复杂 |
[1:17:00] | Once you enjoyed Needleman’s complexes. | 只要你喜欢裁缝的复杂就好了 |
[1:17:03] | -That’s before my analyst taught me… -This is the last of my stuff. | -那是在我的医生告诉我之前… -这是我最后的东西了 |
[1:17:06] | -Bye. -Bye. From the top? | -拜 -拜 从上面开始? |
[1:17:08] | Oh, Needleman, you had such potential. | 哦 裁缝 你有很大的潜力的 |
[1:17:11] | But I’m afraid I’m gonna have to move on. | 但我恐怕要重新开始了 |
[1:17:24] | I’m sorry. Okay. | 抱歉 好了 |
[1:17:39] | Oh, Needleman, you had such potential. | 噢 裁缝 你有很大的潜力的 |
[1:17:41] | But I’m afraid I’m going to have to move on. | 但我恐怕要重新开始了 |
[1:17:44] | Just like that? You don’t give a guy a chance? | 就这样? 你一次机会也不给那人? |
[1:17:47] | I’m not a chance-giving girl. I’m a fun-loving girl. | 我不是一个可以容忍的女孩 我是一个喜欢找乐子的女孩 |
[1:17:50] | Once you enjoyed Needleman’s complexes. | 只要你喜欢裁缝的复杂就好了 |
[1:17:53] | That’s before my analyst taught me… | 那是在我的医生告诉我之前… |
[1:17:55] | This is a lie. | 这是个谎言 |
[1:17:56] | Come here. I try to be fun-loving, see? | 过来 我也试着成为喜欢找乐子的人 你看? |
[1:17:59] | -She told me your hatred of… -Will. | -她告诉我你不喜欢… -威尔 |
[1:18:02] | Wall it up. All of it. | 把这所有的墙修起来 |
[1:18:14] | Claire. | 克莱尔 |
[1:18:21] | Oh, Needleman. | 噢 裁缝 |
[1:18:24] | All right. | 好了 |
[1:18:29] | Good for you with your grant. | “你得奖真是太好了 |
[1:18:31] | Listen, I fixed up the walk-in | 听着 我把门廊打整了一下 |
[1:18:33] | as a sort of bedroom if you want. | 如果你愿意的话可以把那当作一间卧室 |
[1:18:35] | We’d love to have you… | 我们希望你可以… |
[1:18:36] | …and you wouldn’t have to schlep all the way to Queens. | …这样你就可以不用大老远地来皇后区了 |
[1:18:39] | It’s just a thought. Kisses, A. | 这只是个想法 亲亲 A” |
[1:18:52] | Dear diary, I’m afraid I’m gravely ill. | 亲爱的日记 我想我病得不轻了 |
[1:18:57] | It is perhaps times like these that one reflects on things past. | 也许是时候想想过去了 |
[1:19:01] | An article of clothing from when I was young. | 一件我小时候的衣服 |
[1:19:03] | A green jacket. A walk with my father. | 绿色的外套 和父亲一起走路 |
[1:19:06] | A game we once played. Pretend we’re fairies. | 我们曾经一起玩的游戏 假装我们是神明 |
[1:19:09] | I’m a girl fairy, and my name is Lauralee… | 我是一个小仙女 名字叫劳拉里… |
[1:19:12] | …and you’re a boy fairy, and your name is Teetery. | …而你是个神仙 叫题特里 |
[1:19:15] | Pretend when we’re fairies, we fight each other. | 假装我们是神明的时候 我们打了起来 |
[1:19:18] | And I say, “Stop hitting me or I’ll die.” | 然后我说 “别打我了 我会死的” |
[1:19:20] | And you hit me again, and I say: | 你却又打了我 然后我说 |
[1:19:22] | “Now I have to die.” And you say, “But I’ll miss you.” | “现在我得死了” 你说”但我会想你的” |
[1:19:26] | And I say, “But I have to. | 我又说 “但我必须得这样” |
[1:19:29] | And you’ll have to wait a million years to see me again. | 而你的再等100万年才能看到我 |
[1:19:32] | And I’ll be put in a box… | 那时候我会被装进一个盒子… |
[1:19:34] | …and all I’ll need is a tiny glass of water… | …我所要的只似乎一小瓶清水… |
[1:19:37] | …and lots of tiny pieces of pizza. | …和很多一小块的比萨 |
[1:19:39] | And the box will have wings like an airplane.” | 那个盒子会像飞机一样有一双翅膀 |
[1:19:42] | And you ask, “Where will it take you? “ | 你问我”它会带你去哪呢? “ |
[1:19:45] | “Home,” I say. | “家” 我说 |
[1:20:04] | This is to hear. | 这是帮助我的听力的 |
[1:20:07] | -So words… English here, yeah? -Okay. | -那…是英语的 好吗? -好的 |
[1:20:18] | I’m dying… | 我已经快死了… |
[1:20:21] | …as I’m sure Maria told you. | …我想玛丽亚一定告诉你了 |
[1:20:27] | The flower tattoos have become infected and they’re dying. | 这些花的纹身感染了 它们也将凋零了 |
[1:20:32] | So I am as well. This is life. | 所以我也快了 这就是生命 |
[1:20:36] | It’s Maria. She did this. | 是玛丽亚做的 |
[1:20:40] | Maria gave me a reason to live once you left. | 在你走后 是玛丽亚给了我活下去的理由 |
[1:20:44] | The flowers defined me. | 这些花赋予了我生命 |
[1:20:45] | Your mother and Maria took you away. | 是你母亲和玛丽亚打走了你 |
[1:20:48] | I’ve tried for years to find you. I didn’t leave you. | 我多年来一直在找你 我没有离开你 |
[1:20:52] | I want to talk to you about your homosexuality. | 我觉得你是同性恋的 |
[1:20:55] | -I’m not a homosexual. -Maria said you would deny it. | -我不是 -玛丽亚说过你会不承认的 |
[1:20:58] | Well, she’s a liar. She’s lying to you. | 那她是个骗子 她骗了你 |
[1:21:02] | I had the same struggle when I first fell in love with Maria… | 在我第一次爱上玛丽亚的时候我也有同样的挣扎… |
[1:21:07] | …and we began to have dirty, aching sex. | …然后我们就有了恶心痛苦的性爱经历 |
[1:21:09] | Maria is your lover? | 玛丽亚是你的爱人? |
[1:21:12] | Of course. She introduced me to myself… | 当然 是她让我认识了我自己… |
[1:21:16] | …to my vagina and to hers. | …还有我和她的阴部 |
[1:21:18] | You have no idea how evil she is. | 你根本不知道她有多邪恶 |
[1:21:21] | I need to forgive you before I die… | 我得在我死前原谅你… |
[1:21:24] | …but I can’t forgive someone who has not asked for forgiveness. | …但我不能原谅那些没有像我乞求原谅的人 |
[1:21:28] | -I just want… -I have no time. | -我只想… -我没时间了 |
[1:21:32] | I need you to ask for forgiveness. | 我要你向我求得原谅 |
[1:21:37] | Can you ever forgive me? | 你能原谅我吗? |
[1:21:41] | -For what? -For abandoning you. | -为什么? -因为抛弃了你 |
[1:21:43] | For abandoning you to have anal sex… | 因为我… |
[1:21:48] | …with my homosexual lover, Eric. | …和我的同性恋爱人埃里克做爱 |
[1:21:54] | I will, I’ll say it. | 我会的 我会说的 |
[1:21:58] | For abandoning you… | 因为抛弃了你… |
[1:22:02] | …to have anal sex with my homosexual lover, Eric. | …去和我的同性恋爱人埃里克做爱 |
[1:22:10] | No. | 不 |
[1:22:17] | No, I’m sorry. | 不 对不起… |
[1:22:26] | I cannot. | 我不能… |
[1:22:45] | I hope you are happy, faggot. | 希望你过得开心 娘娘腔 |
[1:22:48] | I’m not happy. I’m not happy. | 我不开心 一点也不 |
[1:23:41] | I’ve talked to you before. This is not a play about dating. It’s about death. | 我告诉过你 这场戏不是约会 是关于死亡的 |
[1:23:44] | Make it personal. Move along. | 自己想想吧 走开 |
[1:23:48] | He doesn’t need to yell at them. | 他没必要向他们吼的 |
[1:23:54] | It is a play about dating. It’s not a play just about death. | 这就是一个关于约会的戏 不是关于死亡的 |
[1:23:58] | It’s about everything. | 是关于一切的 |
[1:24:01] | Dating, birth, death, life, family… | 约会 诞生 死亡 生命 家庭… |
[1:24:05] | …all that. | …所有的一切 |
[1:24:07] | -This doesn’t look real. -What? | -这看起来不真实 -什么? |
[1:24:09] | -It’s not real. -I can’t hear you. | -不真实 -我没听见你说什么 |
[1:24:43] | -Morning, Haze. -Hi, Caden. How was your night? | -早安 海柔尔 -嗨 凯顿 你昨晚过得怎么样? |
[1:24:48] | It was okay. Yours? | 还可以 你呢? |
[1:24:50] | Phillip was colicky. I was up all night. | 菲利普闹肚子疼 我一整夜没睡着 |
[1:24:54] | -Oh, sorry. -Sorry. | -噢 抱歉 -抱歉 |
[1:24:56] | -Everybody here? -Sammy’s not here. | -大家都来了吗? -山米没来 |
[1:24:59] | Jimmy called and said there’s some subway problem. | 吉米打来说地铁出问题了 |
[1:25:03] | Sorry. Sorry. | 抱歉 抱歉 |
[1:25:05] | -Hi, Hazel. -Hi, Sammy. | -嗨 海柔尔 -嗨 山米 |
[1:25:13] | Sammy likes you. | 山米 喜欢你 |
[1:25:26] | I need you to build this. This is just the facade. | 我要你把这个造出来 这是照片 |
[1:25:29] | It’s Adele’s place. We’ll be casting an Ellen. | 是阿黛尔住的地方 我们要排演一个叫艾伦的 |
[1:25:31] | I can give you the interiors later. | 详情我稍后给你说 |
[1:25:36] | A few days? | 几天行吗? |
[1:25:42] | -Can I look again? -A slight shift in perspective on this. | -我能再看看吗? -这幅有一点点的变化 |
[1:25:49] | Millicent Weems? | 米莉森.维姆? |
[1:25:59] | -Caden, this is… -Hazel, what do you think of this title? | -凯顿 这是… -海柔尔 你觉得这个标题怎么样? |
[1:26:04] | Unknown, Unkissed and Lost? | 未知 未吻 未见? |
[1:26:13] | Anyway, this is Millicent Weems. | 不管怎么样 这好似 米莉森.维姆 |
[1:26:16] | Have a seat. | 请坐 |
[1:26:20] | How are you at cleaning? | 你做清洁拿手吗? |
[1:26:24] | -Very, very good at it. -This part requires a lot of it. | -非常在行 -这个角色很要求这一点 |
[1:26:26] | You’d be playing a cleaning lady. | 你会扮演一位做清洁的女士 |
[1:26:30] | I played Egga, the cleaning lady, in Hedda Gabler at the Roundabout. | 我在环岛的”海达盖博乐”里演过清洁女工 |
[1:26:34] | Great. Okay. | 很好 |
[1:26:38] | And Mrs. Dobson in Scrub-A-Dub at the Pantages. | 还有潘太极的斯卡布达卜里的多布森女士 |
[1:26:43] | You’re weirdly close to what I visualize for this character. | 你很奇怪的符合我所设想的这个角色要求 |
[1:26:50] | Glad to be weirdly close. | 很高兴符合你的要求 |
[1:26:58] | Sorry, everybody. | 抱歉 各位 |
[1:27:02] | -Maurice, what’s going on? -I’m sorry. | -莫里斯 发生什么事了? -抱歉 |
[1:27:05] | We have a couple of new guys on. We’re not in sync yet. | 有几个新来的 我们还没沟通好 |
[1:27:08] | -We good to go? -Yes, sir. | -现在我们可以继续了吗? -是的 先生 |
[1:27:13] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[1:27:16] | Fuck. | 操 |
[1:27:18] | Are you Ellen? Are you Ellen Bascomb? | 你是艾伦吗? 你是艾伦.巴斯卡吗? |
[1:27:23] | Shit. | 糟糕 |
[1:27:25] | Line, please? | 台词 谢谢? |
[1:27:28] | Ellen…”What? “ | 艾伦…”什么? “ |
[1:27:30] | Right, right. What? | 对 对 什么? |
[1:27:33] | I’m to give the key to 31Y to Ellen Bascomb. | 我要把钥匙交给31号的艾伦.巴斯卡 |
[1:27:37] | Yes, I’m Ellen. | 是的 我是艾伦 |
[1:27:43] | Oh, dear. It’s the wrong key. | 噢 亲爱的 这把钥匙没对 |
[1:27:46] | I’ll be in, in a second. | 我马上来 |
[1:27:47] | -Did you hear that? -What? | -你听见了吗? -什么? |
[1:27:51] | -You’re breaking the fourth wall. -This is the wrong key. | -凯顿 你在干什么 -这把钥匙没对 |
[1:27:54] | -I’m supposed to open the door. -Hold on. | -该我来开门的 -等等 |
[1:27:58] | -Are you in there? -There’s no one in there. | -你在里边吗? -没人在里边的 |
[1:28:01] | -Adele? -Caden. | -阿黛尔? -凯顿 |
[1:28:03] | I don’t think it’s… It’s not quite… | 我觉得这不是…不是很… |
[1:28:05] | I’m jumping in the shower. I’ll be out in a second. | 我刚开始洗澡 马上就出来 |
[1:28:10] | Do you want some coffee? I can make a fresh pot. | 你要咖啡吗? 我待会做一壶 |
[1:28:14] | Did you look at the new painting on my easel? What do you think? | 你看到画架上我新的话了吗? 你觉得怎么样? |
[1:28:19] | Hey, thanks for the fuck this morning. | 嗨 谢谢今天的清晨性爱哈 |
[1:28:21] | -People don’t walk like that. -What? Is it too? | -正常人不这么走路的 -什么? 这样太? |
[1:28:25] | No, just walk like yourself. | 不 你自己怎么走路就怎么走 |
[1:28:28] | Watch. Watch this. | 你看看这次的 |
[1:28:32] | I gotta go. | 我要走了 |
[1:28:35] | Watch this. | 看看这次的 |
[1:28:54] | Where’s Hazel and Sammy? | 海柔尔和山米呢? |
[1:29:05] | Sammy. | 山米 |
[1:29:07] | Sammy. Sammy. | 山米 山米 |
[1:29:11] | -Hi, Caden. -What are you doing? | -嗨 凯顿 -你在干嘛? |
[1:29:14] | I was being you. | 我在演你啊 |
[1:29:17] | You know, you like Hazel, I like Hazel. | 你知道的 你喜欢海柔尔 我也得喜欢海柔尔 |
[1:29:19] | This Hazel doesn’t exist for you. | 这个海柔尔对于你不存在 |
[1:29:21] | If you wanna like a Hazel, like that one. | 如果你要喜欢海柔尔 喜欢那一个吧 |
[1:29:23] | That’s what I tried to tell him. | 那也是我想要告诉他的 |
[1:29:25] | No harm, no foul, Caden. It’s equity break anyway. | 这没什么吧 凯顿 只不过是休息罢了 |
[1:29:27] | Ten minutes, everybody! | 大家休息十分钟! |
[1:29:31] | -Hazel. -What? | -海柔尔 -干嘛? |
[1:29:33] | -You don’t like him, do you? -Yeah, he reminds me of you. | -你不喜欢他的 对吗? -不 他让我想起了你 |
[1:29:39] | I’m me. You don’t need someone to remind you of me. | 我才是我 你不需要找人来替我的 |
[1:29:42] | Oh, don’t worry, Caden. I like you more. | 噢 别担心 凯顿 我更喜欢你 |
[1:29:45] | I do. It’s just, Sammy’s fun. | 是的 只是山米 挺有趣的 |
[1:29:49] | -I’m fun. -Oh, sweetie, no, you’re not. | -我有趣 -噢 亲爱 你不是的 |
[1:29:53] | Hold on a sec. Yes? | 等一下 喂? |
[1:29:55] | -Is this Caden cotard? -Yes. | -是凯顿.柯塔德吗? -是的 |
[1:29:57] | This is Officer Melnin of Schenectady P.D. | 我是斯克内克塔迪警局的莫林警官 |
[1:29:59] | I’m sorry to inform you your mother’s been the victim of a home invasion. | 我很抱歉地通知你 你的母亲在家遇害了 |
[1:30:03] | -What does that mean? -She is dead. | -什么意思? -她死了 |
[1:30:14] | Was my father standing with us? | 我父亲和我们站在一块的吗? |
[1:30:18] | I don’t know what he looks like. | 我不知道他长什么样子 |
[1:30:21] | He’s dead. | 他早过世了 |
[1:30:23] | -So he looks dead, I guess. -Probably wasn’t him, then. | -我想所以他看起来像已经死了 -那就可能不是他 |
[1:30:28] | He was a big guy. | 他是一个大家伙 |
[1:30:34] | Anyway… | 不管怎么说… |
[1:30:40] | Thanks for coming with me. | 谢谢你陪我来 |
[1:30:44] | That’s okay. | 没关系 |
[1:30:47] | I asked Hazel… | 我问过海柔尔… |
[1:30:49] | …but she was busy tonight, and you’re the next best thing. | …但她今晚有事 所以你是最好的替代了 |
[1:30:53] | I mean, it’s not that you’re the next best thing… | 我的意思是 不是说你不好… |
[1:30:58] | …but because you play her, it feels comforting. | …只是因为你扮演她 所以这样我比较放心 |
[1:31:03] | Does that make sense? | 这样说可以吗? |
[1:31:08] | Although the thing is, off-stage you’re nothing like her. | 虽然表面是这样 但台下你根本不像她 |
[1:31:12] | But you play her very well, though. | 不过你扮演得很好 |
[1:31:25] | Did Hazel mention what she was doing tonight? | 海柔尔有提到她今晚干嘛吗? |
[1:31:28] | Because I called her house before we left… | 因为走之前我有打电话去她家… |
[1:31:30] | …and her husband told me she wasn’t gonna be back till late. | …她丈夫说她很晚才会回去 |
[1:31:34] | And I just thought that was weird because she said Phillip was sick. | 我觉得很奇怪 因为她说过菲利普病了的 |
[1:31:39] | She’s having dinner with Sammy. | 她和山米吃饭去了 |
[1:31:41] | -That’s interesting. -He’s supposed to like me. | -有意思 -他应该喜欢我的 |
[1:31:44] | I’ll have another talk with him. | 我会再和他谈谈的 |
[1:31:51] | Will you excuse me? I need to go to the bathroom. | 我离开一下好吗? 我得去趟洗手间 |
[1:31:58] | Don’t forget your phone. | 别忘了你的手机 |
[1:32:02] | Thanks, Yammy. | 谢谢 |
[1:32:10] | It’s Hazel. Leave a message or not. It’s your dime. | 我是海柔尔 留不留言随你 总之是你打来的 |
[1:32:22] | You can stay in my parents’ room. | 你可以睡在我父母的房间里 |
[1:32:32] | I thought someone would have cleaned it up. | 我想有人会打扫的 |
[1:32:36] | Who? | 谁? |
[1:32:38] | I don’t know. Someone. | 我也不知道 某个人吧 |
[1:32:44] | This is my room. You can sleep here. | 这是我的房间 你可以睡这 |
[1:32:48] | Where are you going to sleep? | 那你睡哪呢? |
[1:32:51] | -The living-room couch. -Don’t you want to sleep with me? | -起居室的沙发 -你想和我一起睡吗? |
[1:32:58] | -It’s just sex. -Okay. | -一夜情嘛 -好吧 |
[1:33:01] | If you think it’s okay. | 如果你愿意的话 |
[1:33:07] | -How can you be like that? -I get undressed every day. | -你怎么会这样? -我每天都这样的 |
[1:33:11] | In front of someone is different. | 因人而异吧 |
[1:33:14] | I don’t see why. | 我不明白 |
[1:33:16] | Maybe because you have a beautiful body. | 也许是因为你有一副迷人的身材吧 |
[1:33:19] | -Maybe that makes it easier. -Yeah, I suppose it might. | -用这个当借口也许还说的过去 -恩 我想是吧 |
[1:33:23] | Do you want to fuck? | 你想和我亲热吗? |
[1:33:26] | I do. Do you? | 想 你呢? |
[1:33:29] | -Take your clothes off. -I’m sorry. | -把你的衣服脱了吧 -抱歉 |
[1:33:33] | I’m very, very lonely. | 我真的很 很孤独 |
[1:33:38] | I don’t… | 我不… |
[1:33:42] | …know what’s wrong. I just… | …知道是怎么回事 我只是… |
[1:33:47] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:33:51] | Do you understand? | 你明白我吗? |
[1:33:54] | I mean, can you understand loneliness? | 我是说 你知道孤独的感觉吗? |
[1:33:59] | Yeah. I mean… | 知道 我是说… |
[1:34:03] | I don’t know, I feel okay, mostly. | 我其实也不是很明白 我觉得还行吧 大部分的时候 |
[1:34:08] | Fucking might help. | 也许做爱可以缓解一下 |
[1:34:13] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉了 |
[1:34:15] | It’s okay, I don’t mind. Take your clothes off. | 没事的 我不介意 脱衣服吧 |
[1:34:21] | -You’re very pretty. -Thanks. | -你很漂亮 -谢谢 |
[1:34:24] | Sometimes I wish I could be pretty like that. | 有时我希望我也可以如此美丽 |
[1:34:30] | What, you wish you were a girl? | 什么 你希望你是个女孩? |
[1:34:31] | Sometimes I think I might have been better at it. | 有时我想我是个女的话会好一点 |
[1:34:34] | Interesting. It’s kind of a drag in a lot of ways. | 有意思 有时这在很多时候会是一种障碍的 |
[1:34:40] | -Do you like guys? -No. I only love women. | -你喜欢男人吗? -不 我只喜欢女人 |
[1:34:44] | Well, I’m getting cold. | 恩 我有点冷了 |
[1:34:59] | You’re pretty, Caden. | 你很漂亮的 凯顿 |
[1:35:04] | Thanks for saying that. | 谢谢你这么说 |
[1:35:09] | Come to bed, pretty Caden. | 上床来吧 漂亮的 凯顿 |
[1:35:16] | I shouldn’t have drunk so much fucking beer last night. | 我昨晚不该喝那么多他妈的啤酒的 |
[1:35:23] | -What are you gonna do about it? -Get lunch. What are you going to do? | -那你要怎么办? -我要先去吃饭 你要怎么办? |
[1:35:26] | -For chrissake. -Good, Roland. | -老天爷啊 -很好 罗兰德 |
[1:35:28] | Thanks, Caden. | 谢谢 凯顿 |
[1:35:30] | We need to fire him. | 我们得换了他 |
[1:35:34] | We don’t need to fire him. | 我们不需要换他 |
[1:35:37] | Jeremy’s playing to us. | 杰瑞米演戏太有针对性了 |
[1:35:39] | Tell him to talk to Donna and we’ll hear what we hear. | 让他去找多娜 我们会知道答案的 |
[1:35:42] | Sammy’s explaining too much. It feels expository. | 山米的解释太多了 感觉很罗嗦 |
[1:35:45] | It needs to be shorthand, like, “Jeremy, big.” | 要简短一点 比如”杰瑞米 多余” |
[1:35:49] | Caden, can we stop a second? | 凯顿 我们停一下好吗? |
[1:35:52] | Sure. | 好的 |
[1:35:54] | If Hazel’s in love with Sammy, and Caden’s in love with Hazel… | 如果海柔尔爱上了山米 而凯顿又爱上了海柔尔… |
[1:35:58] | …there would be a big confrontation where Caden turns to me and says: | …那么就会出现凯顿转身对我说: |
[1:36:01] | “It’s obvious he’s a substitute for me.” | “很明显他是我的替代品”的时候 |
[1:36:04] | Then I think Hazel would have a good moment where she cries… | 我认为海柔尔就当然会出现伤心… |
[1:36:07] | …or gets angry, I’m not sure which yet, | …或者愤怒的时候 我也不知道什么时候 |
[1:36:10] | but I think it’s dramatically sound… | 但我觉得这样很… |
[1:36:12] | -That didn’t happen. -I think Hazel would do that. | -这并没有发生 -不 我觉得海柔尔会这么做的 |
[1:36:14] | -But Hazel hasn’t done that, Tammy. -Caden, what do you think? | -但海柔尔还没这么做 塔米 -凯顿 你怎么看? |
[1:36:25] | I feel like we could try it. | 我觉得我们可以试一试 |
[1:36:29] | -Great. -Fuck. | -太好了 -操 |
[1:36:36] | Let’s try it. Maybe it could happen at the director’s table. | 我们试试吧 也许这会发生在导演们的生活里的 |
[1:36:46] | Fuck. | 操 |
[1:36:50] | You know, Tammy’s right. | 你知道 塔米是对的 |
[1:36:51] | I don’t understand why you’re with Sammy. | 我不明白你为什么和山米在一起 |
[1:36:54] | He’s nice, he’s available, he fucks me without crying. | 他人好 时间也多 做爱的时候也不会哭 |
[1:36:59] | Since when are you available? | 什么时候你单身了? |
[1:37:02] | Derek left because of you. | 德里克因为你离开了我 |
[1:37:08] | When? How come you never told me? | 什么时候? 你怎么会没告诉我呢? |
[1:37:11] | I don’t know, Caden. | 我不知道 凯顿 |
[1:37:12] | How come a lot of things, huh? | 还有那么多事情是不知不觉就发生了的呢? |
[1:37:15] | Fuck. I gotta let go of the actor who played Derek. What’s his name? | 操 我得让演德里克的演员离开了 他叫什么来着? |
[1:37:19] | What? That is such a romantic response. | 什么? 真是一个浪漫的应对措施啊 |
[1:37:23] | -I am touched. -It’s not my response. | -我被感动了 -不是我的应对措施 |
[1:37:25] | Derek is played by… | 德里克是由… |
[1:37:26] | We have enormous budgetary concerns here. | 我们有很大的预算担忧的 |
[1:37:32] | …Joe. -Stop. Okay? No, just stop. | …乔演的 -别说了 好吗? 别说了 |
[1:37:35] | I do not like Tammy, and she’s nothing like me. | 我不喜欢塔米 而她也根本就不像我 |
[1:37:40] | -How can you like her, anyway? -She looks like you. | -再说 你怎么能喜欢她呢? -她长得像你 |
[1:37:42] | -Joe Abernathy. No, she does not. -She offered to have sex with me. | -乔.阿布纳西 不 她不像 -她邀请我和她做爱的 |
[1:37:45] | -Abernathy? -Yeah. | -阿布纳西? -是的 |
[1:37:49] | -Was it good? -It was nice. | -很爽吗? -很棒 |
[1:37:51] | I’m just being honest. It was nice. It wasn’t earth-shattering. | 我只是实话实说 很不错 但还没到惊天地泣鬼神的地步 |
[1:37:57] | -Did you cry? -No. | -你哭了吗? -没有 |
[1:37:59] | You’re making progress. | 你有进步了 |
[1:38:03] | Okay, I cried a little before. | 好吧 刚开始哭了一下下 |
[1:38:13] | Hazel, you’ve been a part of me forever. Don’t you know that? | 海柔尔 你已永远成为了我的一部分 你还不明白吗? |
[1:38:21] | I breathe your name in every exhalation. | 我在每一次呼吸之间都唤着你的名字 |
[1:38:28] | -What are we doing? -I don’t know. | -我们这是在干什么? -我不知道 |
[1:38:51] | Oh, this is the place I stayed with Derek and the kids. | 噢 这是我和德里克还有孩子们住的地方 |
[1:38:56] | -Yeah, we’re almost… -Caden. | -对啊 我们几乎… -凯顿 |
[1:39:00] | Caden. | 凯顿 |
[1:39:02] | -Caden. Caden, look at me. -What are you doing? | -凯顿 凯顿 看着我 -你要干什么? |
[1:39:06] | Sammy, stay right where you are. I’m coming up. | 山米 站在那别动 我马上上来 |
[1:39:08] | There’s nothing to talk about, Hazel. It’s not your fault. | 没什么说的了 海柔尔 这不是你的错 |
[1:39:11] | -What are you doing? -I’ve watched you forever, Caden. | -你在干什么? -我永远都观察着你的 凯顿 |
[1:39:14] | But you’ve never really looked at anyone other than yourself. | 但除了自己 你从来没有真正观察过其他人 |
[1:39:18] | So watch me. | 所以 看着我吧 |
[1:39:20] | Watch my heart break. Watch me jump. | 看我心碎 看着我跳楼 |
[1:39:25] | Watch me learn that after death there’s nothing. | 看着我明白死亡之后什么都不会再有 |
[1:39:27] | No more watching, no more following, no love. | 没有人观察 没有人追随 没有爱 |
[1:39:30] | Say goodbye to Hazel for me. And say it for yourself too. | 带我向海柔尔和你自己说永别吧 |
[1:39:35] | -None of us has much time. -Sammy! Come down! | -我们每人有很多时间的 -山米! 冷静点! |
[1:39:38] | Hazel, I love you! | 海柔尔 我 爱 你! |
[1:39:43] | Sammy! | 山米! |
[1:39:45] | I didn’t jump, Sammy. | 我都没有跳啊 山米 |
[1:39:48] | A man stopped me before I jumped. Get up! | 有人在我跳之前制止了我 起来! |
[1:39:53] | I didn’t jump. | 我没有跳 |
[1:40:01] | I know how to do it now. | 我现在知道该怎么做了 |
[1:40:04] | There are nearly 13 million people in the world. | 世界上有几乎1300万人 |
[1:40:07] | I mean, can you imagine that many people? | 我是说 你能想象有那么多人吗? |
[1:40:10] | And none of those people is an extra. | 而这些人里没有人例外 |
[1:40:14] | They’re all leads in their own stories. They have to be given their due. | 他们都在出演他们自己的故事 他们应当得到他们应得的 |
[1:40:20] | I know how to do it now. | 我知道现在该怎么做了 |
[1:40:22] | There are 13 million people in this world. | 世界上有几乎1300万人 |
[1:40:24] | Can you imagine how many people that is? | 你能想象有那么多人吗? |
[1:40:27] | None of those people are an extra. They’re all a lead in their own story. | 而这些人里没有人例外 他们都在出演他们自己的故事 |
[1:40:31] | They have got to be given their due. | 他们应当得到他们应得的 |
[1:40:34] | Do you see what I’m saying? | 你明白我在说什么吗? |
[1:40:37] | Come over tonight. | 今晚到我家来 |
[1:40:42] | Please. | 求你了 |
[1:40:45] | You know, we could get a place together. | 我们其实可以一起找个地方住的 |
[1:40:47] | -We could get a loft. -God, Caden, that sounds nice. | -找一个大库房 -天呐 凯顿 这听起来太好了 |
[1:40:52] | I miss my daughter. Maybe she could come live with us. | 我想念我的女儿 也许她可以和我们住在一起 |
[1:40:55] | I miss Olive. | 我想念奥利芙 |
[1:40:58] | And the other one. | 还有另外那个 |
[1:41:00] | -I’m a bad person. -Oh, no, you’re not. | -我是一个坏人 -噢 不 你不是的 |
[1:41:03] | I am. I should never have gone out with Sammy. | 我就是 我本来就不应该和山米约会的 |
[1:41:07] | I was just trying to get to you. | 我只是想要试着了解你 |
[1:41:09] | You can’t cause someone to kill himself. | 你不可能导致谁自杀的 |
[1:41:13] | He was very troubled. | 他有很多自己的问题 |
[1:41:15] | God, Caden. | 上帝啊 凯顿 |
[1:41:20] | I wish we had this when we were young. | 我希望我们年轻的时候 |
[1:41:26] | And all those years in between. | 以及后来的日子都可以这样 |
[1:41:28] | My heart aches so much for you. | 我的心为你疼了很久了 |
[1:41:31] | We’re here, Caden. | 我们在一起了 凯顿 |
[1:41:34] | -I’m here. -I’m aching for it being over. | -我在这里 -我是为它的结束而疼 |
[1:41:41] | Yeah. The end is built into the beginning. | 是啊 结局往往孕育了新的开始 |
[1:41:46] | What can you do? | 你能做什么呢? |
[1:41:48] | -God, you’re just perfect. -I’m a mess. | -天啊 你真是太完美了 -我只是一团糟 |
[1:41:53] | -But we fit, don’t we? -Yeah. | -但我们合得来 不是吗? -是啊 |
[1:42:07] | It doesn’t always happen for me now… | 有了这些药… |
[1:42:09] | …because of the medication and everything. | …我就没有经常发病了 |
[1:42:12] | -I take a lot of pills. -It’s okay. | -我吃了很多很多的药 -没事的 |
[1:42:17] | I’m embarrassed. I don’t want you to think it’s about you or me. | 我有点不好意思 我不想让你认为这是关于你和我 |
[1:42:22] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[1:43:08] | I have a title. | 我想好了一个剧名 |
[1:43:12] | The Obscure Moon Lighting an Obscure World. | 浑浊的月亮照亮了昏暗的大地 |
[1:43:21] | I think it might be too much. | 我觉得有点太长了 |
[1:43:26] | Yeah, probably. | 恩 也许吧 |
[1:43:40] | Sir, could you come up here, please? | 先生 你能到这来一下吗 谢谢? |
[1:44:01] | Might be smoke inhalation. | 可能是吸入烟气过多导致的 |
[1:44:09] | It’s Hazel. Leave a message or not. It’s your dime. | 我是海柔尔 留不留言随你的便 总之是你打来的 |
[1:44:12] | I know how to do the play now. | 我现在知道怎么做这部戏了 |
[1:44:18] | It’ll all take place over the course of one day… | 它们都会发生在同一天里… |
[1:44:23] | …and that day will be the day before you died. | …而那天就是你去是前一天 |
[1:44:27] | It was the happiest day of my life. | 那是我人生最快乐的一天 |
[1:44:33] | And I’ll be able to relive it forever. | 我会永远记住这一天的 |
[1:44:36] | See you soon. | 回头见 |
[1:44:43] | So have you got any thoughts for today’s rehearsal? | 对于今天的彩排你有什么想法吗? |
[1:44:50] | I have a new title, maybe. | 也许 我有一个新剧名 |
[1:44:52] | Infectious Diseases in Cattle. | 牛的传染病 |
[1:44:59] | The title means a lot of things. You’ll see, it means a lot. | 这个名字寓意很多 你会明白的 很多意思 |
[1:45:15] | I need a Caden for my Hazel. | 我需要为我的海柔尔找一个凯顿 |
[1:45:18] | I’d very much like to play Caden. | 我非常愿意出演 凯顿 |
[1:45:22] | I know that… | 我知道… |
[1:45:25] | I know that it would be nontraditional casting… | 我知道这不是传统的排演… |
[1:45:29] | …but I think I could do it. I think I understand him. | …但我觉得我可以的 我认为我了解他 |
[1:45:33] | I don’t understand him. | 我不了解他 |
[1:45:35] | Well, Caden Cotard is a man already dead. | 凯顿.柯塔德是一个已经死了的人 |
[1:45:42] | He lives in a half world between stasis and antistasis… | 他生活在一个停滞与行进交互的世界里… |
[1:45:49] | …and time is concentrated, chronology confused. | …而时间是浓缩的 并且乱了次序 |
[1:45:52] | Yet up until recently, he’s strived valiantly… | 直到最近 他被迫努力奋斗了一下… |
[1:46:00] | …to make sense of his situation. | …是他自己的存在变得有意义 |
[1:46:04] | But now he’s turned to stone. | 但现在他又变成一块石头了 |
[1:46:07] | -Okay. Sounds good. -Okay. | -好的 听起来不错 -好的 |
[1:46:13] | -Thanks. -She’s right? | -谢谢 -她可以吗? |
[1:46:15] | I didn’t see that at all. I saw it as much more hopeful. | 我可一点也没看出来 我看到的更多是希望 |
[1:46:21] | None of those people is extras. | 没有人是特别的 |
[1:46:24] | They’re all leads in their own stories. | 他们都在出演他们自己的故事 |
[1:46:30] | No, this is tedious. This is nothing. | 不 这真是无聊 一无是处 |
[1:46:38] | Hi, your scene’s over. Would you leave the stage? | 嗨 你的场景完了 你能离开舞台吗? |
[1:46:41] | -What is she doing? -He’s directing. | -她在干嘛? -他在导戏 |
[1:46:44] | Can I get you down at the coffin there? | 你可以趴在棺材那里吗? |
[1:46:47] | She not getting the feel of you, Caden. | 她没有把握住你 凯顿 |
[1:46:50] | You don’t move around like that. You don’t talk to people. | 你不像她那么走 也不和演员交谈 |
[1:46:57] | Sit on the ground there. Okay, everybody, let’s run it. | 坐在那边的地上 好了 大伙 我们开始吧 |
[1:47:03] | Everything is more complicated than you think. | 所有一切都比你想象得更复杂 |
[1:47:06] | You only see a tenth of what is true. | 你只看到了事实中的一点点 |
[1:47:09] | There are a million little strings attached to every choice you make. | 你所做的每一个决定都促使成千上万的关系在变动 |
[1:47:14] | You can destroy your life every time you choose. | 你可以在任何时候选择毁掉自己的生活 |
[1:47:17] | But maybe you won’t know for 20 years… | 但也许你20年也不会明白… |
[1:47:21] | …and you may never, ever trace it to its source. | …你也可能永远不能追溯到它的开始 |
[1:47:24] | And you only get one chance to play it out. | 而你只有一次机会去把它做好 |
[1:47:26] | Just try and figure out your own divorce. | 试着去搞定自己的婚姻吧 |
[1:47:30] | And they say there is no fate, but there is, it’s what you create. | 大家都说没有所谓的命运 有的只是你所创造的东西 |
[1:47:36] | And even though the world goes on for eons and eons… | 即使世界年复一年地转动… |
[1:47:39] | …you are only here for a fraction of a fraction of a second. | …你也只是这一秒钟里极小的一块碎片 |
[1:47:43] | Most of your time is spent being dead or not yet born. | 你们大部分的时间都留在的生后或者生前 |
[1:47:47] | But while alive, you wait in vain… | 但当你们或者的时候 你只是徒劳地等着… |
[1:47:50] | …wasting years for a phone call or a letter or a look… | …浪费几十年去等来自某个人或某件事的… |
[1:47:54] | …from someone or something to make it all right. | …一个电话 一封信 或一次见面 来使自己心安 |
[1:47:57] | And it never comes, or it seems to, but it doesn’t really. | 但那从来都不会或者似乎要发生 真的不会 |
[1:48:02] | So you spend your time in vague regret… | 所以你再次花时间去茫然地后悔… |
[1:48:05] | …or vaguer hope that something good will come along. | …或茫然地希望接下来会遇上好事情 |
[1:48:08] | Something to make you feel connected. | 让你感到自己不是与世隔绝的 |
[1:48:10] | Something to make you feel whole. | 让你感到自己的存在 |
[1:48:13] | Something to make you feel loved. | 让你感到自己是被爱的 |
[1:48:17] | And the truth is… | 而事实是… |
[1:48:20] | …I feel so angry. | …我很生气 |
[1:48:24] | And the truth is… | 而事实是… |
[1:48:26] | …I feel so fucking sad. | …我很伤心 |
[1:48:31] | And the truth is, I’ve felt so fucking hurt for so fucking long. | 而事实是 我觉得我他妈被伤害了很多年了 |
[1:48:37] | And for just as long, I’ve been pretending I’m okay… | 而同时 我还一直假装我自己没事儿… |
[1:48:40] | …just to get along, just for… | …去适应 去… |
[1:48:44] | I don’t know why. | 我不知道这是为什么 |
[1:48:46] | Maybe because no one wants to hear about my misery… | 也许是因为没人想要听我悲惨的遭遇… |
[1:48:51] | …because they have their own. | …因为他们有他们自己的不幸 |
[1:48:57] | Well, fuck everybody. | 你们都滚他妈的蛋吧 |
[1:49:02] | -Amen. -Amen. | -阿门 -阿门 |
[1:49:20] | -Delightful. -Thanks. | -精彩 -谢谢 |
[1:49:22] | I’m out of ideas. | 我没主意了 |
[1:49:27] | I’m dead. | 我死了 |
[1:49:31] | Well, I could take over as you for a bit until you feel refreshed. | 这个嘛 我可以替代你一阵子 直到你恢复过来 |
[1:49:37] | I think you’re tired, Caden. All these years of creative work. | 我想你应该是累了 凯顿 这么多年的创意工作 |
[1:49:41] | I think you just need some time to regroup. | 我想你只是需要点时间去重新整理一下自己 |
[1:49:48] | -I need to keep my hand in. -Well, Ellen needs to be filled. | -我的让我自己动起来 -艾伦需要有人演 |
[1:49:52] | -What do you mean? -Her role. Just for a bit. | -什么意思? -演她的角色一段时间 |
[1:49:55] | It’s a choice role. | 这是个可选的角色 |
[1:49:59] | I do like to clean. | 我确实喜欢做清洁 |
[1:50:16] | Ellen? | 艾伦? |
[1:50:22] | -Yes? -Caden asked me to give you this. | -恩? -凯顿让我交给你这个 |
[1:50:26] | You’re to keep it in all the time. | 你得一直保管着它 |
[1:50:34] | So touched by the sadness of Adele’s neighbor so close to death. | 被阿黛尔邻居如此靠近死亡的悲伤所感动 |
[1:50:41] | Say, “Thank you,” to Adele’s neighbor. | 向阿黛尔的邻居说”谢谢” |
[1:50:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:50:45] | You’re very welcome, young lady. | 不用谢 年轻人 |
[1:50:47] | -Now say, “Have a very good day.” -Have a very good day. | -现在说”祝你今天好运” -祝你今天好运 |
[1:50:51] | I will indeed. | 我会的 |
[1:50:57] | Reach for the toilet paper. | 拿卫生纸 |
[1:51:01] | Wrap some around your hand. | 撕一点在手上 |
[1:51:04] | Wipe yourself. | 搽干净自己 |
[1:51:11] | There was supposed to be something else. | 应该还有些东西的 |
[1:51:15] | You were supposed to have something, a calm. | 你应该什么东西 平静 |
[1:51:19] | Love. | 爱情 |
[1:51:21] | Children. | 孩子们 |
[1:51:23] | A child, at least. | 至少一个小孩 |
[1:51:27] | Children. | 孩子们 |
[1:51:30] | Meaning. | 意义 |
[1:51:39] | Everything okay, Eric? | 没事吧 埃里克? |
[1:51:44] | -Everything is everything. -He hates me. | -没事儿 -他恨我 |
[1:51:49] | I disappointed him, and he hates me. | 我让他失望了 所以他恨我 |
[1:51:54] | Everyone is disappointing when you know someone. | 当你认识谁了之后 每个人都会失望的 |
[1:52:03] | I remember having that picnic with my mother. Look at me. | 我记得和我母亲一起去野餐 看着我 |
[1:52:09] | Ellen, what is it? | 艾伦 怎么了? |
[1:52:11] | I was so young. | 我那是多么年轻 |
[1:52:13] | I’m going to remember this moment for the rest of my life, Mama… | 我以后都要记住这个时刻 妈妈… |
[1:52:16] | …and in exactly 20 years, come here with my daughter… | …和我的女儿正好在20年后… |
[1:52:21] | …and have exactly the same picnic. | …做同样的野餐 |
[1:52:23] | There was so much hope. | 那时有太多的希望 |
[1:52:24] | Baby, that the loveliest thing I’ve ever heard. | 宝贝 这是我听到最暖心窝的话了 |
[1:52:29] | Oh, God. Sorry, Mommy. I’m sorry. | 噢 天呐 对不起 妈妈 对不起 |
[1:52:54] | Where is my little girl? | 我亲爱的小女儿在哪? |
[1:52:57] | Where is my little girl? Where is my little girl? | 我亲爱的小女儿在哪? 我亲爱的小女儿在哪? |
[1:53:11] | Look at the night table for a note from Adele. | 看床头柜上阿黛尔写的纸条 |
[1:53:23] | Stare out the window. | 凝视窗外 |
[1:53:27] | Remember the time she got you to pose for one of her paintings? | 还记得她让你摆出一个姿势她好画画的时间吗? |
[1:53:30] | How she told you how beautiful you were? | 她怎么告诉你你有多漂亮的? |
[1:53:33] | How she made you feel pretty again for a little while? | 她是怎么在一小会儿后让你又觉得自己很漂亮的? |
[1:53:37] | Think how you’ll miss her. | 想想你有多么想念她 |
[1:53:40] | Stand up. | 站起来 |
[1:53:51] | Now it is waiting, and nobody cares. | 现在就等吧 没人在意 |
[1:53:55] | And when your wait is over, this room will still exist… | 当你等完了 这间屋子依然会存在… |
[1:53:59] | …and it will continue to hold shoes and dresses and boxes… | …也会继续存放鞋子 衣服还有盒子… |
[1:54:04] | …and maybe someday another waiting person. | …也许有一天会有另外一个等待的人 |
[1:54:07] | And maybe not. | 也可能不会有 |
[1:54:09] | The room doesn’t care either. | 这间房子当然也不在意 |
[1:54:28] | Hello? | 喂? |
[1:54:50] | There’s nobody running the elevator anymore. | 已经没人来管电梯了 |
[1:55:29] | What was once before you, | 曾经是什么在你的前面 |
[1:55:31] | an exciting and mysterious future… | 一个令人激动而又神秘的未来… |
[1:55:34] | …is now behind you, lived, understood, disappointing. | …现在已在你身后 过完了 懂了 失望了 |
[1:55:39] | You realize you are not special. | 你明白你不是那么特殊了 |
[1:55:42] | You have struggled into existence and are now slipping silently out of it. | 你为你的生存挣扎过 而现在只能悄无声息的走 |
[1:55:47] | This is everyone’s experience. Every single one. | 每个人都有这种经历 每一个人 |
[1:55:52] | The specifics hardly matter. Everyone is everyone. | 情节几乎一样 每个人都一样 |
[1:55:57] | So you are Adele… | 所以你也是阿黛尔… |
[1:55:59] | …Hazel, claire, Olive. | …海柔尔 克莱尔 奥利芙 |
[1:56:04] | You are Ellen. All her meager sadnesses are yours. | 也是艾伦 她所有的悲伤都是你的 |
[1:56:09] | All her loneliness. The gray, straw-like hair. | 她所有的孤单 灰的干草一样的头发 |
[1:56:14] | Her red, raw hands. It’s yours. | 她红色本色的双手 也是你的 |
[1:56:18] | It is time for you to understand this. | 是你明白这些的时候了 |
[1:56:32] | Walk. | 走着 |
[1:56:40] | As the people who adore you stop adoring you… | 好比喜爱你的人已经不再喜爱你… |
[1:56:43] | …as they die, as they move on… | …好比他们死了 他们重新开始了… |
[1:56:47] | …as you shed them, as you shed your beauty, your youth… | …好比你抛弃了他们 好比你远离了你的美丽和年轻… |
[1:56:51] | …as the world forgets you, | …好比这世界忘记了你 |
[1:56:53] | as you recognize your transience… | 好比你认识到了自己短暂的存在… |
[1:56:55] | …as you begin to lose your characteristics one by one… | …好比你开始一个接一个地失去你的个性… |
[1:56:59] | …as you learn there is no one watching you… | …好比你明白没有人在观察着你… |
[1:57:02] | …and there never was, you think only about driving. | …也不曾有过 你只想着开车 |
[1:57:06] | Not coming from anyplace, not arriving anyplace… | 不从哪里来 也不到哪里去… |
[1:57:10] | …just driving, counting off time. | …只是开着 看着时间流逝 |
[1:57:14] | Now you are here. It’s 7:43. | 现在你到了这里 7:43了 |
[1:57:18] | Now you are here. It’s 7:44. | 现在你到了这里 7:44了 |
[1:57:21] | Now you are gone. | 现在你走了 |
[1:57:31] | Where is everybody? | 大家哪去了? |
[1:57:34] | Mostly dead. Some have left. | 大部分都死了 有些人离开了 |
[1:57:46] | Would you sit with me for a moment? Because I’m very tired and lonely. | 你可以陪我坐一会儿吗? 我觉得又累又孤独 |
[1:58:12] | I feel like I know you. | 我觉得我认识你 |
[1:58:15] | Well, I was the mother in Ellen’s dream. | 我是艾伦梦中的母亲 |
[1:58:20] | Yes. | 对 |
[1:58:24] | You seem a bit older than I remember. | 你比我印象中老了一点 |
[1:58:27] | That dream was quite a while ago. | 那个梦已经过去有段时间了 |
[1:58:30] | Apologize. | 道歉 |
[1:58:33] | I didn’t mean to say you looked old. | 我不是想说你看起来很老 |
[1:58:45] | There’s everyone’s dreams in all those apartments. | 那里的房子里有每个人的梦 |
[1:58:51] | All those thoughts I’ll never know. That’s the truth of it. | 那些我不会知道的想法 那是这的事实 |
[1:59:02] | I wanted to do that picnic with my daughter. | 我想过和我女儿去做那个野餐的 |
[1:59:09] | I feel like I’ve disappointed you terribly. | 我觉得我让你深深地失望了 |
[1:59:12] | Oh, no. I am so proud of you. | 噢 不 我很为你骄傲 |
[1:59:17] | Ask her if you can put your head on her shoulder. | 问她能否让你靠在她的肩膀上 |
[1:59:20] | Can I lay my head on your shoulder? | 我能靠一下你的肩膀吗? |
[1:59:23] | Yes. | 可以 |
[1:59:34] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[1:59:39] | I love you too. | 我也爱你 |
[2:00:04] | I know how to do this play now. | 我现在知道该怎么做这部戏了 |
[2:00:09] | I have an idea. | 我有个想法 |
[2:00:11] | I think if everyone… | 我想如果每个人… |
[2:00:14] | Die. | 都死了的话 |