英文名称:Stand and Deliver
年代:1988
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:17] | $1.00! | 1.00美元! |
[01:19] | $1.00! | 1.00美元! |
[02:42] | [music blaring] | (音乐) |
[02:56] | typewriters and transcripts. | 打字机和成绩单。 |
[02:57] | is there anything missing? | 有遗漏什么吗? |
[02:59] | the key to the ladies room. | 女卫生间的钥匙。 |
[03:16] | now, exactly where was the fecal material found? | 那么,那些烂资料究竟在哪里? |
[03:19] | back there in the corner. | 在后面角落里。 |
[03:21] | you’ll know when you’re near it. | 当你走到它边上就知道了。 |
[03:23] | excuse me. this was mailed to me. | 打扰一下。这是寄给我的。 |
[03:25] | just a minute, please. excuse me, sir. | 请稍等片刻。对不起,先生。 |
[03:27] | if you don’t have a telephone, | 如果你没有电话, |
[03:29] | could you bring in a gas bill? | 你能给我一份煤气帐单吗? |
[03:31] | we need proof you live in the district. | 我们需要你住在这个地区的证明材料。 |
[03:32] | excuse me. my name is jaime escalante, | 你好。我叫杰米・艾斯卡兰特, |
[03:35] | and I was supposed to teach computer science. | 我本来应该教计算机科学。 |
[03:38] | we don’t have computers. | 我们没有电脑。 |
[03:39] | mr. escalante. | 艾斯卡兰特先生。 |
[03:41] | we were supposed to get computers last year. | 我们去年应该买电脑的。 |
[03:44] | there’s no funding again this year. | 今年又没有资金了。 |
[03:46] | [bell rings] | (铃声响了) |
[03:47] | I’m raquel ortega, math department chairman. | 我是raquel ortega,数学组主任。 |
[03:49] | we’ll be working together. nice to know you. | 我们将一起工作。很高兴认识你。 |
[03:52] | but you don’t seem to understand. | 但你好像没明白。 |
[03:53] | I was supposed to teach computers. | 我本应该教计算机的。 |
[04:01] | where were you last night? | 昨晚你在哪里? |
[04:03] | what do you mean where was i? | 你问我在哪干嘛? |
[04:04] | what do you mean? I was waiting. | 你才是什么意思?我一直在等。 |
[04:07] | you the new teacher, man? | 你是新来的老师吗?哥们? |
[04:09] | you the teacher? | 你是老师吗? |
[04:10] | please find a seat. | 请找个座位。 |
[04:13] | hey, teacher! | 嘿,老师! |
[04:15] | what are we going to do today? | 我们今天要做什么? |
[04:16] | will everyone please try to find a seat? | 每个人都找个座位可以吗? |
[04:23] | for those of you that cannot find a seat, | 找不到座位的人, |
[04:25] | please stand against the wall. | 请靠墙站着。 |
[04:26] | let’s make a circle | 我们排成一圈吧 |
[04:28] | and discuss our feelings, huh? | 然后谈谈我们的感觉,嗯? |
[04:31] | one body to a desk. | 单人单桌。 |
[04:36] | girl: could we talk about sex? | 女孩:我们可以谈谈性吗? |
[04:39] | if we discuss sex, | 如果我们讨论性, |
[04:41] | I have to give sex for homework. | 我就得布置性的家庭作业了。 |
[04:43] | yay! yay! | 耶!耶! |
[04:45] | stand back, everybody, please. | 请往后站,大家,谢谢。 |
[04:47] | girl: I could get you fired for saying that. | 女孩:你这么说话我能告发你解雇。 |
[04:50] | could you move back? | 你们能回到座位吗? |
[04:52] | que dice? | 说什么? |
[04:54] | entienden ingles? | 懂英语吗? |
[04:55] | sometimes. | 有时懂。 |
[04:58] | todos los que no entienden ingles, | 所有不懂英语的, |
[05:01] | por favor, levanten la mano. | 请举起你的手, |
[05:04] | please move forward if you don’t speak english. | 不会英语的人,请坐到前面来。 |
[05:07] | todos que no hablan ingles, pasen para enfrente. | 不会英语的人,请到前面来。(西班牙语) |
[05:10] | this front row, please stand up and move out. | 这是前排,请让一下。 |
[05:12] | I was the first one here. | 我是第一个来到这里的。 |
[05:14] | i’ll find you another seat, ok? | 我给你另找个座位,好吗? |
[05:16] | [jeers and whistles] | (嘲笑和吹口哨) |
[05:21] | please be careful. | 请注意。 |
[05:23] | this is math 1-a. | 这是数学 1-a |
[05:24] | boy: I don’t need no math. | 男孩:我不需要数学。 |
[05:26] | I got a solar calculator with my dozen doughnuts. | 我用我的12个甜甜圈买了一个太阳能计算器。 |
[05:29] | the bus is exact change. no big deal. | 这公交车确实有点变化。没什么大不了的。 |
[05:32] | quiet. quiet! | 安静。安静! |
[05:35] | [bell rings] | (铃声响了) |
[06:10] | teacher: false alarm. | 老师:铃声错了。 |
[06:12] | everyone back in the classroom! | 大家都回到教室! |
[06:15] | it was a false alarm. | 这是一个错误铃声。 |
[06:17] | everyone back in the class! | 同学们都回来! |
[06:21] | it was a premature bell. | 提早响了 |
[06:23] | back in the class. | 回到教室 |
[06:25] | that was a premature bell. | 铃声响早了 |
[06:27] | girl: premature bell? | 女孩:铃声响早了? |
[06:29] | I thought we weren’t discussing sex in class. | 我以为我们不是在课堂上讨论性。 |
[06:33] | teacher: sit down! stop talking. | 老师:坐下!停止讲话。 |
[06:43] | they rigged the bell. | 他们操纵铃声。 |
[06:45] | the little bastards. | 小混蛋。 |
[06:47] | tricky. | 狡猾。 |
[06:49] | [bell rings] | (铃声响了) |
[07:28] | she’s looking good, joe. | 它看起来不错,乔。 |
[07:29] | jaime. when you coming aboard? | 杰米。你什么时候上船来玩? |
[07:32] | I get seasick in the rain. | 我在雨中晕船。 |
[07:34] | you seen my boy? | 你见到我儿子了吗? |
[07:36] | yeah, I saw him riding around here somewhere. | 是啊,我看见他在这附近骑车。 |
[07:39] | I hear your company’s pushing whole hog into pcs. | 我听说你们公司把全部的钱都投入到电脑了。 |
[07:42] | I don’t work there anymore. | 我不在那里工作了。 |
[07:44] | jaime’s teaching high school now. | 杰米现在在高中教书。 |
[07:46] | here’s your thing. | 这是你的东西。 |
[07:48] | why didn’t you come to me | 你为什么不来找我 |
[07:50] | if you got laid off? | 如果你被解雇了? |
[07:52] | we’re starting college kids at 30 gs. | 我们从大学到现在有30年的交情了。 |
[07:54] | I didn’t get laid off. | 我没有被解雇。 |
[07:56] | I want to teach. | 是我想教书。 |
[07:58] | high school teacher. well, good. | 高中的老师。嗯,很好。 |
[08:00] | that’s great. | 太好了。 |
[08:02] | this is your job. | 这是适合你的工作。 |
[08:04] | I shouldn’t have to tell you. | 我没和你说过吗? |
[08:06] | I know. that’s why I was hurrying home. | 我知道,所以我急忙赶回家了。 |
[08:09] | you’re not even breathing hard, | 你连大气都不喘 |
[08:11] | you’re hurrying home so fast. | 真是太急忙赶回家了。 |
[08:14] | have a good night, joe. | 晚安,乔。 |
[08:20] | boy: I want a burger! | 男孩:我想要一个汉堡包! |
[08:21] | hold the fries, onions, and pickles! | 把薯条、洋葱和泡菜拿出来! |
[08:25] | he looks like julia child, man! | 他看起来像厨神茱莉亚・查尔德,伙计 |
[08:35] | what you got? | 你得到了什么? |
[08:36] | it’s an apple. | 这是一个苹果。 |
[08:41] | how much? | 多少? |
[08:44] | what do you mean? | 你是什么意思? |
[08:48] | what you got? | 你得到了什么? |
[08:49] | half. | 一半。 |
[08:51] | good. | 很好。 |
[08:53] | excuse me, my german accent. | 请原谅我的德国口音。 |
[08:58] | what you got? | 你得到了什么? |
[09:00] | missing 25%. | 缺了25%? |
[09:11] | what? | 什么? |
[09:12] | it’s missing 25% | 确实缺了25% |
[09:19] | that’s right. | 正确 |
[09:20] | missing 25%. | 缺了25%。 |
[09:22] | is it true | 正确 |
[09:24] | intelligent people make better lovers? | 聪明人能找到更好的爱人 |
[09:26] | [class laughs] | (教室 笑声) |
[09:29] | what you got? | 你得到了什么? |
[09:33] | I got a core. | 我有一个核。 |
[09:35] | you owe me 100%. | 你欠我100%。 |
[09:37] | and i’ll see you inthe people’s court. | 咱们法院见。 |
[09:43] | everyone, please open your book, | 每个人,请打开你的书, |
[09:45] | chapter 2, page 26. | 第二章,第26页。 |
[09:47] | multiplication of fractions… | 分数的乘法 |
[09:51] | and percentages. | 和百分比。 |
[09:54] | 25%。 25%. | |
[09:56] | 50%。 50%. | |
[09:57] | 75%。 75%. | |
[10:03] | and 100%. | 和100%。 |
[10:06] | who’s calling the shots,ese? | 谁管事,是你吗? |
[10:10] | you got a slip? | 你有单子吗? |
[10:14] | you got a slip? | 你有单子吗? |
[10:27] | ok. you’ll have to stand in the back | 好的。你得站在后面 |
[10:30] | until I can get another desk. | 直到我找到另一张桌子。 |
[10:33] | you sit right here. ok? | 你坐这里。好吗? |
[10:36] | everyone, please read the first paragraph | 请大家阅读第一段 |
[10:38] | for a second. | 等一下。 |
[10:46] | where’s your equipment? | 你的装备在哪里? |
[10:47] | don’t got any. | 不需要。 |
[10:49] | you got to come to this class prepared. | 你得为这课程准备。 |
[10:53] | I do the work in my head. | 我在脑子里做准备。 |
[10:57] | oh. | 哦。 |
[11:01] | you know the times tables? | 你知道乘法表吗? |
[11:03] | I know the 1s, | 我知道 1 |
[11:07] | the 2s… | |
[11:08] | the 3s… | |
[11:10] | finger man. I heard about you. | 手指侠。我听说过你。 |
[11:14] | are you the finger man? | 你是手指侠吗? |
[11:16] | I’m the finger man, too. | 我也是手指侠。 |
[11:19] | you know what I can do? | 你知道我能做什么吗? |
[11:21] | I know how to multiply by 9. | 我知道怎么乘以9。 |
[11:23] | 9 x 3 1 2 3 9 x 3. 1, 2, 3. | |
[11:26] | what you got? | 你得到了什么? |
[11:28] | 27。 27. | |
[11:29] | 6 x 9 | 6 x 9. |
[11:30] | 1 2 3 4 5 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. | |
[11:33] | what have you got? | 你得到几? |
[11:36] | 54. | |
[11:37] | yeah. | 是的。 |
[11:38] | want a hard one? how about 8 x 9? | 想要来个难的吗?8乘9怎么样? |
[11:41] | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. | |
[11:44] | what have you got? 72. | 你得到什么? 72 |
[11:46] | [bell rings] | (铃声响了) |
[11:48] | want to talk to you. wait. | 我想和你谈谈。等一下。 |
[11:50] | do problems 1 through 20. | 做1到20题。 |
[11:52] | page 26. | 在第26页 |
[11:54] | can I have my book, mr. escalante? | 我能拿回我的书吗,艾斯卡兰特先生? |
[11:57] | don’t bring it to class again. | 别再把它带到课堂上来。 |
[12:02] | sabes que, ese? don’t get excited. | 你知道吗?别高兴 |
[12:06] | cut me a “d” like the otherprofes. | 给我一个”d”,像其他老师一样 |
[12:11] | i’ll read my funny books, | 我会读我的有趣的书, |
[12:13] | count the holes in the ceiling. | 数一下天花板上的洞。 |
[12:16] | kick back. | 回来。 |
[12:18] | first thing, i’ll teach you some manners. | 首先,我要教你一些礼仪。 |
[12:27] | I wouldn’t do that if I was you. | 如果我是你,我不会那样做。 |
[12:30] | might lose a finger | 可能失去一根手指 |
[12:32] | and won’t be able to count to 10. | 就不能数到10了 |
[12:37] | we’ve seen vatos like you before. | 我们遇到过一些像你一样的兄弟 |
[12:40] | you’ll be hurting soon. | 你很快就会受伤。 |
[12:42] | ponte trucha, huh? | 瓜达拉哈拉(墨西哥地名),是吧? |
[12:52] | I was so worried | 我是如此的担心 |
[12:53] | that the kids would know more than me | 孩子们知道的比我多 |
[12:56] | that i’d wake up at 5 a.m., | 我早上5点醒来, |
[12:57] | down my coffee, and do math tests. | 喝完咖啡,做数学练习。 |
[13:00] | I finally learned every chapter, | 我终于学会了每一章, |
[13:02] | and then they change the book. | 然后他们把又书改了。 |
[13:04] | math you either love or hate. | 数学,你要么爱它,要么恨它。 |
[13:06] | you get some problems, come see me after school. | 你有问题的话,放学后来找我。 |
[13:08] | thanks, jaime. see you later. | 谢谢,杰米。再见。 |
[13:13] | girl: leave the tickets at the door, ok? | 把票留在门口,好吗? |
[13:16] | can I have my shades? | 可以还我 墨镜吗? |
[13:19] | you’re in love, huh? | 你在谈恋爱,嗯? |
[13:21] | which one, huh? let me know. | 哪一个?告诉我。 |
[13:24] | no. it’s all right. | 没有。没关系。 |
[13:26] | come on, johnny. don’t be afraid. | 来吧,约翰尼。不要害怕。 |
[13:28] | I’m not johnny, man. | 我不是约翰尼,哥们。 |
[13:30] | I know, tito. | 我知道,铁托。 |
[13:32] | tito grande。 titogrande. | |
[13:35] | come on! | 来吧! |
[13:36] | [shouting] | (大喊) |
[13:53] | angel! | 安吉尔! |
[13:56] | angel, help us! | 安吉尔,帮助我们! |
[13:58] | stay out of it! | 离远点! |
[14:01] | angel! | 安吉尔! |
[14:14] | go get a teacher. | 去找个老师。 |
[14:16] | it’s frank garcia. | 这是弗兰克 加西亚(橄榄球球星)。 |
[14:18] | when I say garcia, you answer, ok? | 当我说加西亚的时候,你就回答,好吗? |
[14:24] | are your friends auditing? | 你的朋友来这里有经过批准吗? |
[14:25] | I audited them to come with me. | 是我批准他们跟我一起来。 |
[14:34] | i’mel cyclone from bolivia. | 我是来自玻利维亚的旋风。 |
[14:39] | one-man gang. | 单人帮派 |
[14:41] | this is my domain. | 这是我的地盘。 |
[14:44] | don’t give me no gas. | 别想不出血。 |
[14:46] | i’ll jump on your face, tattoo your chromosomes. | 我要跳上你的脸,在你的染色体上来个纹身(?)。 |
[14:49] | this is basic math, | 这是基础数学, |
[14:51] | but basic math is too easy for you, | 但是基础数学对你来说太简单了, |
[14:54] | so I’m going to teach you algebra because I’m the champ. | 我要教你们代数,因为我是冠军。 |
[14:58] | and if all you can do is add and subtract, | 如果你能做的就是加和减, |
[15:00] | you’re prepared to do one thing–pump gas. | 你只能做一件事……加油。 |
[15:03] | ripping off a gas station | 但抢一个加油站… |
[15:05] | is better than working in one. | …比在那里打工强。 |
[15:09] | orale.I’m a tough guy. tough guys don’t do math. | 哦。我是一个硬汉。硬汉不做数学。 |
[15:13] | tough guys deep-fry chicken for a living. | 硬汉以炸鸡为生。 |
[15:16] | want a wing or a leg, man? | 想要一只翅膀还是一条腿,伙计? |
[15:21] | who ever heard of negative and positive numbers? | 谁听说过负数和正数? |
[15:24] | negative numbers are like unemployment. | 负数就像失业。 |
[15:25] | 10 million people out of work. | 1000万人失业。 |
[15:27] | that’s a negative number. | 这是一个负数。 |
[15:29] | we’ll need lots of kleenex. | 我们需要大量的纱布。 |
[15:31] | there’s going to be lots of bloodshed. | 会有很多流血事件。 |
[15:33] | ever been to the beach? | 你去过海滩吗? |
[15:35] | yeah. | 是的。 |
[15:37] | you ever play with the sand? | 你玩过沙子吗? |
[15:40] | yeah. | 是的。 |
[15:41] | finger man. | 手指侠。 |
[15:44] | come on, finger man. | 来吧,手指侠。 |
[15:45] | you ever dig a hole? | 你有没有挖过洞? |
[15:47] | the sand that comes out of the hole, | 从洞里出来的沙子, |
[15:50] | that’s a positive. | 这就是一个正数。 |
[15:52] | the hole is a negative. | 这个洞是负的。 |
[15:56] | that’s it. simple. | 就是这样。简单。 |
[15:58] | anybody can do it. | 任何人都可以做。 |
[15:59] | – 2 + 2 = -2 + 2 = … | |
[16:03] | net head. | 网头。 |
[16:06] | orale.answer it. | 喂,回答我。 |
[16:09] | come on. you know the answer. | 来吧。你知道答案。 |
[16:13] | -2 + 2. fill the hole. | – 2 + 2 填上这个洞 |
[16:15] | if I had that on my hands, | 如果我手上有这个玩意, |
[16:18] | I wouldn’t raise it either. | 我也不会提出这个问题。 |
[16:20] | orale. a negative 2 + 2 = … | 口算。 – 2 + 2 = |
[16:24] | anybody can do it. | 谁都知道。 |
[16:25] | fill the hole. | 填补这个洞。 |
[16:27] | – 2 + 2 =… -2 + 2 = … | |
[16:31] | come on. just fill the hole. | 来吧。把洞填上。 |
[16:33] | you can do it. | 你能做到。 |
[16:35] | you going to let these burros laugh at you? | 你想让你的哥们笑话你吗? |
[16:39] | – 2 + 2 =… -2 + 2 = … | |
[16:41] | i’ll break your neck like a toothpick. | 我会像牙签一样折断你的脖子。 |
[16:46] | orale. | 口算。 |
[16:49] | zero. | 零。 |
[16:51] | zero. you’re right. | 零。对了。 |
[16:54] | simple. that’s it. | 很简单。就是这样。 |
[16:55] | – 2 + 2 = 0。 -2 + 2 = 0. | |
[16:57] | he just filled the hole. | 他只是把洞填满了。 |
[16:59] | did you know neither the greeks nor the romans | 你们知道希腊人和罗马人 |
[17:01] | were capable of using the concept of zero? | 都不会使用零的概念吗? |
[17:05] | it was your ancestors, the mayas, | 是你们的祖先,玛雅人, |
[17:07] | who first contemplated the zero– | 首先想到了零… |
[17:09] | the absence of value. | 无的值。 |
[17:11] | true story. | 真实的故事。 |
[17:12] | you burro shave math in your blood. | 你们的血液里流淌着数学。 |
[17:14] | hey, kemo sabe todo. | 嘿,像kemo sabe一样。(追求成为一个牛仔的阿拉伯-美洲裔小孩) |
[17:16] | the man knows everything. | 这个人什么都知道。 |
[17:18] | kemo sabe。 kemo sabe. | |
[17:19] | ok。。 orale.ok. | |
[17:21] | parentheses means multiply. | 括号意味着相乘。 |
[17:23] | every time you see this, you multiply. | 每次你看到这个,你就相乘。 |
[17:25] | a negative x a negative = a positive. | 负负得正 |
[17:29] | a negative x a negative = a positive. | 负负得正 |
[17:32] | a negative x a negative = a positive. | 负负得正 |
[17:34] | say it. | 说出来。 |
[17:36] | a negative x a negative = a positive. | 负负得正 |
[17:39] | a negative x a negative = a positive. | 再来一遍 负负得正 |
[17:42] | a negative x a negative = a positive. | 负负得正 |
[17:45] | I can’t hear you. | 我听不见你说什么。 |
[17:47] | a negative x a negative = a positive. | 负负得正 |
[17:50] | a negative x a negative = a positive! | 负负得正 |
[17:53] | a negative x a negative = a positive! | 负负得正 |
[17:57] | why? | 为什么? |
[18:01] | mrs. ortega, I don’t want to be the principal | 奥尔特加夫人,我不想变成一位… |
[18:04] | of the first school in los angeles history | …在洛杉矶历史上的… |
[18:07] | to lose its accreditation. | …第一所失去认证的学校的校长 |
[18:09] | raquel: I’m not saying | 拉克尔:我不是说 |
[18:10] | this math department couldn’t improve, | 这个数学组没法进步, |
[18:13] | but if you want higher test scores, | 但是如果你想要更高的考试分数, |
[18:16] | start by changing the economic level | 首先得提升这个社区的 |
[18:18] | of this community. | 经济水平 |
[18:20] | the purpose of this meeting | 这次会议的目的 |
[18:21] | is to review the recommendations | 是对认证建议… |
[18:23] | for accreditation. | …进行审核。 |
[18:25] | any suggestions? | 有什么建议吗? |
[18:26] | anybody? | 谁有建议? |
[18:28] | yeah. I don’t think | 是的。我不认为 |
[18:29] | I should be teaching math. | 我应该教数学。 |
[18:31] | I was hired to be a phys-ed instructor. | 我被聘为一名物理教师。 |
[18:35] | as I said before, we lack the resources | 就像我之前说的,我们缺乏资源.. |
[18:39] | to implement the changes the district demands. | 以达到区里的要求。 |
[18:43] | mr. sanzaki, you must have a comment. | sanzaki先生,你必须表个态。 |
[18:48] | this may not be the right time, but… | 可能现在时机不对,但是… |
[18:49] | I’m sorry, but I won’t be coming back after christmas. | 对不起,我过完圣诞节就不回来了。 |
[18:53] | I got a job with aerospace. | 我找到了一份航天的工作。 |
[18:58] | how much money you’ll be making? | 给你多少薪酬? |
[19:00] | look, we have the remainder of the year | 那么,在考察之前 |
[19:03] | before we’re put on probation. | 今年我们还有一点时间 |
[19:05] | now, if we fail, we’ll lose our accreditation. | 如果我们失败了,我们就会失去认证。 |
[19:08] | we fail? | 我们失败? |
[19:09] | you can’t teach logarithms to illiterates. | 你不能给文盲上对数课。 |
[19:13] | kids come to us with barely a seventh grade education. | 来这里孩子们基本上只上过七年级。 |
[19:16] | there isn’t a teacher here | 这里没有一个老师.. |
[19:18] | who isn’t doing everything possible. | …是没有在竭尽全力的 |
[19:21] | I’m not. I could teach more. | 我没有。我还可以做得更多。 |
[19:25] | I’m sure mr. escalante has good intentions, | 我相信艾斯卡兰特先生的意图很好, |
[19:28] | but he’s only been here a few months. | 但他才来了几个月。 |
[19:32] | students will rise to the level | 学生们将达到这个期望的水平 |
[19:34] | of expectations, senor molina. | 莫利纳先生。 |
[19:39] | what do you need, mr. escalante? | 你需要什么,艾斯卡兰特先生? |
[19:42] | ganas. | 进步(ganas 西班牙语) |
[19:43] | that’s all we need is ganas. | 我们所需要的就是进步。 |
[19:46] | what’s ganas? | “进步”是什么意思? |
[19:50] | we will begin each class with a quiz. | 我们将用一个小测验来开始每节课。 |
[19:53] | aw! aw! | 哦!哦! |
[19:55] | there will be… | 你要做什么? |
[19:57] | there will be no free rides, | 没有便车, |
[19:59] | no excuses. | 没有借口。 |
[20:01] | you already have 2 strikes against you. | 你已经被两振了。(棒球 三振出局) |
[20:03] | there are some people in this world | 这个世界上有些人… |
[20:06] | who assume that you know less than you do | …认为你不会知道那么多… |
[20:09] | because of your name and your complexion. | …仅仅因为你的名字和你的肤色。 |
[20:14] | but math is the great equalizer. | 但数学是伟大的均衡器。 |
[20:19] | when you go for a job, the person giving you that job | 当你去找工作的时候,那个给你工作的人… |
[20:22] | will not want to hear your problems, | …不想听你抱怨, |
[20:23] | and neither do i. | 我也不想听。 |
[20:25] | you’ll work harder than you’ve ever worked before. | 你要比以前工作更努力。 |
[20:31] | and the only thing I ask from you is ganas. | 我唯一向你要求的东西就是“进步”。 |
[20:34] | desire. a haircut. | 欲望。去理发。 |
[20:36] | if you don’t have ganas, I will give it to you | 如果你没有进步,我会让你进步 |
[20:38] | because I am an expert. | 因为我是专家。 |
[20:39] | today is monday. tomorrow’s wednesday. | 今天是星期一。明天是星期三。 |
[20:42] | friday is payday– the weekly test. | 星期五发薪水……每周一测。 |
[20:45] | there will be no diagonal vision. | 别想看到斜对角的试卷。 |
[20:47] | you have 10 minutes to finish the quiz. | 你有10分钟的时间来完成测验。 |
[20:49] | if you finish early, work on that assignment. | 如果你提早完成,那就做作业。 |
[20:52] | no questions? good. | 还有问题吗? 很好。 |
[20:57] | angel. | 安吉尔。 |
[20:58] | vamanos. | 出发 |
[21:10] | I was said to go here. | 他们告诉我到这儿来。 |
[21:13] | [chair scrapes] | (椅子挪动) |
[21:18] | nice knowing you. | 很高兴认识你。 |
[21:21] | have a good day. arrivederci. | 一切顺利。再见。 |
[21:23] | you’re in luck. | 你是幸运的。 |
[21:25] | take the seat. | 去坐下。 |
[21:27] | relax. | 放松。 |
[21:28] | take sominex, | 吃点安眠药, |
[21:29] | but don’t sleep in my class. | 但不要在我的课上睡觉。 |
[21:32] | I take that as an insult. | 我认为这是一种侮辱。 |
[21:53] | hello. | 你好。 |
[21:58] | hey, kemo, man. | 嘿,kemo,男人。 |
[21:59] | I want to talk to you about the class. | 我想和你谈谈这个课。 |
[22:02] | you ain’t got a seat. don’t give me no gas. | 没有你的座位。别想不努力。 |
[22:04] | that was a mistake. i’ll fly straight. | 刚才是我错。我会飞起直追的。 |
[22:07] | I got a little problem. | 我有个小麻烦。 |
[22:09] | yeah. me. | 是吗 是我吗? |
[22:10] | no. seriously, man. books. | 其实不是。说真的,哥们。是书。 |
[22:12] | the homies can’t see me haul them around. | 我朋友受不了我带着它们到处走。 |
[22:15] | you wouldn’t want anyone | 你不想让任何人 |
[22:16] | thinking you’re intelligent, huh? | …觉得你聪明,是吗? |
[22:18] | maybe I can have 2 books and stash one at home? | 我想拿两本书,然后藏一本在家里 |
[22:22] | i’ll cut you a deal. | 我要跟你做个买卖。 |
[22:24] | i’ll give you 3 books. | 我给你三本。 |
[22:26] | one–take one home. | 一本……带回家。 |
[22:28] | one for your class. | 一本放班里。 |
[22:30] | this one’s broken. | 这本坏了。 |
[22:37] | one for your locker | 再一本放你的储物柜里 |
[22:38] | so nobody sees you carrying them. | 那就没人看到你带书了。 |
[22:41] | easily understood? what do I get? | 懂我意思了? 那给我啥好处? |
[22:43] | protection, kemo. | 保护,kemo。 |
[22:46] | proteccion. understand? | 保护。明白吗? |
[22:49] | I understand. | 我明白了。 |
[22:53] | I understand. | 我明白了。 |
[22:55] | the only reason I’m still in kemo’s class | 我还在kemo班上的唯一原因 |
[22:58] | is because of that, man. | 就是因为这个,伙计。 |
[23:00] | just don’t let her know that you dig her. | 只是别让她知道你喜欢她。 |
[23:04] | that’s the worst thing you can do with a woman. | 这是你能对女人做的最糟糕的事。 |
[23:13] | I’m pretty fed up | 我实在受不了 |
[23:14] | with this teacher we got. | 我们现在这个老师。 |
[23:16] | escalante’s got a bug up his ass. | 艾斯卡兰特纯粹就是欠揍。 |
[23:19] | dude’s from south america, | 这伙计是南美来的 |
[23:21] | some nazi come out of hiding. | 重新冒出来的纳粹分子。 |
[23:23] | don’t you know what’s happening? | 你不知道发生了什么吗? |
[23:25] | garfield’s having problems with accreditation. | 加菲尔德在认证方面存在问题。 |
[23:27] | only the asshole teachers will keep their jobs. | 只有那些混蛋老师才能保住饭碗。 |
[23:30] | what if we all decide not to take this test? | 如果我们都决定不参加这个考试怎么办? |
[23:34] | he can’t fail the whole class. | 他不能使全班都挂科吧。 |
[23:36] | mutiny. cool. | 暴动。酷。 |
[23:37] | [horn honks] | (喇叭鸣响) |
[23:43] | see you guys later. | 再见各位。 |
[23:52] | camejo thinks she’s so hot | camejo觉得自己够辣 |
[23:54] | just ’cause she dates gabachos. | 就因为她和法国人在约会。 |
[23:59] | if we don’t do better today, | 如果我们今天没能做得更好, |
[24:01] | heads are going to roll. | 人头落地。 |
[24:03] | i’ve never gotten anything | 我的成绩从来没有… |
[24:05] | lower than a b-plus. | …低于 b+ 过 |
[24:06] | that’s because you take those mickey mouse classes. | 那是因为你上的是米老鼠幼儿班。 |
[24:10] | always get an “a.” | 随便都拿“a” |
[24:11] | here you got a chance for a solid “d.” | 在这里你有机会得到一个实打实的“d”。 |
[24:17] | you got 10 minutes. | 你有10分钟。 |
[24:30] | what’s the matter with you? | 你怎么了? |
[24:32] | I’m not taking the quiz. | 我不参加测验了。 |
[24:35] | you didn’t turn in your homework either. | 你也没有交作业。 |
[24:38] | the goat ate it. | 被羊吃了 |
[24:44] | don’t do your homework, | 不做你的家庭作业, |
[24:46] | don’t got a ticket to watch the show. | 没有票看演出。 |
[24:50] | give her the chair, man. | 把椅子给她,伙计。 |
[24:52] | chair. the chair. | 椅子。椅子。 |
[24:54] | the chair. the chair. | 椅子。椅子。 |
[24:57] | the chair. the chair. | 椅子。椅子。 |
[25:00] | chair! | 椅子! |
[25:02] | chair! | 椅子! |
[25:03] | chair! | 椅子! |
[25:04] | chair! | 椅子! |
[25:06] | chair! chair! chair! | 椅子!椅子!椅子! |
[25:07] | chair! chair! chair! | 椅子!椅子!椅子! |
[25:09] | all right. yeah. | 好吧。是的。 |
[25:12] | uh-uh. the chair. | 嗯。椅子。 |
[25:14] | shut up! | 闭嘴! |
[25:18] | get back to your tests. | 回去测验。 |
[25:21] | you got less than 9 minutes. | 你只有不到9分钟的时间。 |
[25:28] | now you’re the show. | 现在就是你的表演。 |
[25:31] | what’s the matter with you? | 你怎么了? |
[25:33] | you’re a top student. | 你是一个优等生。 |
[25:34] | come on. | 来吧。 |
[25:50] | 3:00. | 三点。 |
[25:52] | you’ll have to do it anyway. | 不管怎样,你还是得去做。 |
[26:10] | [coughing] | (咳嗽) |
[26:23] | te vas a quedar calvo | 你会秃头的 |
[26:25] | si no te metes la camisa adentro de los pantalones. | 如果你不把衬衣塞进在裤子里的话 |
[26:29] | 是的,是的 米拉,嗯? si. si. mira, 靠huh? | |
[26:41] | woman: mi lindo juanito, | 女:我美丽的小胡尼托, |
[26:43] | hijo, dinner’s ready. | 伊霍,晚饭准备好了 |
[26:44] | come inside. | 进去。 |
[26:51] | hurry up! | 快点! |
[27:13] | dad? | 爸爸? |
[27:20] | [children shouting] | (孩子们喊叫) |
[27:22] | vamos todos a la cama. | 全都睡觉去 |
[27:24] | come on. come on. | 来吧。来吧。 |
[27:26] | come on. come on. | 来吧。来吧。 |
[27:28] | let’s go. let’s go. | 我们走吧。我们走吧。 |
[27:32] | come on. come on. | 来吧。来吧。 |
[27:34] | come on. let’s go. | 来吧。我们走吧。 |
[27:36] | let’s go. let’s go. | 我们走吧。我们走吧。 |
[27:37] | in the bed. | 在床上。 |
[27:39] | juanito ! juanito! | |
[27:46] | hi, mom. | 嗨,妈妈。 |
[27:52] | kids go to bed? | 孩子们睡觉了吗? |
[27:54] | yeah. | 是的。 |
[27:56] | papa go to work? | 爸爸去上班? |
[27:58] | yeah. | 是的。 |
[27:59] | want me to fix you something to eat? | 要我帮你做点东西吃吗? |
[28:06] | mi hija,could you please turn off that light? | 小姐,你能把灯关掉吗? |
[28:21] | [glass breaks] | (玻璃破碎) |
[28:22] | aah! ha ha ha! | 啊!哈哈哈! |
[28:41] | orale,homeboy. | 嗨,老乡。 |
[28:42] | teacher time,ese. | 老师时间 |
[28:44] | oh, yeah. | 哦,是的。 |
[28:46] | angel? | 安吉尔吗? |
[28:49] | what? | 什么? |
[28:51] | tell kemo I said, “que hubo?” ese. | 告诉科莫我说了,“那是什么?” |
[28:53] | oh, shit, man. | 哦,狗屎 |
[28:58] | hey! | 嘿! |
[29:02] | factoring. ok. | 分解因数。好的。 |
[29:03] | green light, red light. | 绿灯,红灯。 |
[29:05] | anybody? ana? | 有人知道吗?安娜吗? |
[29:07] | [door closes] | (门关闭) |
[29:08] | late! late! | 迟了!迟了! |
[29:10] | late! late! | 迟了!迟了! |
[29:12] | ok, ok, ok. | 好,好,好。 |
[29:14] | ok, ok. | 好吧,好吧。 |
[29:16] | go see the counselor. | 去看顾问 |
[29:17] | come on, kemo. | 来吧,科莫。 |
[29:18] | take woodshop. | 做木工 |
[29:20] | make yourself a shoeshine box. | 给自己做一个擦鞋盒。 |
[29:21] | you’ll need it. | 你会需要它。 |
[29:23] | ok, kemo. you’re the man, you know. | 好的,科莫。你知道,你就是那个人。 |
[29:29] | why don’t you put them in college | 你为什么不把他们送进大学 |
[29:33] | so dumb taco benders like me | 像我这样愚蠢的墨西哥人 |
[29:35] | can pick their vegetables for them, | 可以为他们挑选蔬菜, |
[29:36] | collect their garbage, | 收集他们的垃圾, |
[29:40] | clip their poodles’ toenails. | 剪他们的贵宾犬的脚趾甲。 |
[29:51] | I may be a sinner, | 我可能是个罪人, |
[29:54] | but I’m willing to pay for my sins. | 但我愿意为我的罪付出代价。 |
[29:58] | one-shot deal. go on, sit down. | 下不为例。继续,坐下。 |
[30:01] | see you at 3:00. | 3点见。 |
[30:06] | go to hell. | 去死。 |
[30:11] | I got more bad news,profe. | 我还有个坏消息,老师。 |
[30:14] | I know what i’ll say will trip you out. | 我知道我说的会让你跳脚的。 |
[30:19] | mr. escalante, I forgot my pencil. | 斯卡兰特先生,我忘带铅笔了。 |
[30:23] | he can have mine. | 我的给他。 |
[30:25] | today’s my last day. | 今天是我在这的最后一天。 |
[30:33] | no, no, no, no. | 不,不,不,不。 |
[30:35] | gracias. | 谢谢。 |
[30:39] | bueno, | 好的, |
[30:40] | did you enjoy your taquitos? | 墨西哥卷怎么样? |
[30:43] | muy bien, senor. muy, muy bien todo… | 很好,先生。是,很好… |
[30:47] | except for one thing– | 除了一件事…… |
[30:49] | someone doesn’t know how to add. | 有人不知道怎么算加法。 |
[30:54] | she should be going back to school. | 她应该回学校了。 |
[30:56] | anita, ven aca, por favor. | 阿妮塔,请来这里 |
[31:03] | despierta, mi hija. | 醒来,我的女儿 |
[31:04] | mira, no mas. te equivocaste otra vez. | 看,不再。 你又错了 |
[31:07] | papa, this is mr. escalante, my math teacher. | 爸爸,这是艾斯卡兰特先生,我的数学老师。 |
[31:11] | mr. delgado, how are you? | 德尔加多先生,你好吗? |
[31:14] | mucho gusto. | 久仰大名。 |
[31:15] | a pleasure. my wife fabiola. | 很高兴认识你。我的妻子 fabiola。 |
[31:17] | mucho gusto. | 久仰大名。 |
[31:18] | can you sit with us? | 你能和我们一起坐吗? |
[31:20] | sure. | 当然可以。 |
[31:21] | anita, bring us a couple of beers, please. | 安妮塔,请给我们拿些啤酒来。 |
[31:29] | you should get another waitress. | 你应该再找个女服务员。 |
[31:34] | ana can be the first to graduate from high school, | 安娜可以是第一个从高中毕业, |
[31:37] | go to college. | 去上大学的人。 |
[31:39] | thank you for your concern. | 谢谢你的关心。 |
[31:41] | her mother works here. | 她的母亲在这里工作。 |
[31:43] | her sisters, her brothers. | 她的姐妹,她的兄弟。 |
[31:45] | this is a family business. | 这是家族企业。 |
[31:48] | she’s needed. | 她必须留下。 |
[31:49] | she could help the family more | 她可以通过接受教育 |
[31:52] | by getting an education. | 来帮助家庭。 |
[31:53] | ah, probably get pregnant, wouldn’t finish college. | 啊,可能会搞怀孕什么的,反正大学毕不了业。 |
[31:59] | anita, go help your mom in the kitchen, huh? | 安妮塔,去帮你妈妈在厨房干活吧? |
[32:04] | she talks about going to medical school. | 她有谈到要去医学院吗? |
[32:07] | no. | 没有。 |
[32:09] | I don’t think so. | 我不这么想。 |
[32:14] | she should make her own choices. | 她应该做出自己的选择。 |
[32:17] | un momento. | 等下。 |
[32:18] | yo soy el padre de la nina, no usted. | 我是这女孩的父亲,你不是! |
[32:21] | she’ll just get fat. | 她只会发胖。 |
[32:24] | she’ll waste her life away in a restaurant. | 她将在餐馆里浪费生命。 |
[32:26] | she’s top kid! | 她是尖子生! |
[32:27] | I started washing dishes for a nickel an hour. | 我开始时洗盘子每小时得一枚镍币。 |
[32:32] | now I own this place. | 现在我拥有了这个地方。 |
[32:35] | did I waste my life? | 我浪费了我的生命吗? |
[32:37] | I washed dishes, too, when I came to america. | 当我来到美国的时候,我也洗过盘子。 |
[32:41] | good! | 好! |
[32:42] | put on an apron, give us a hand. | 系上围裙,帮我们一把。 |
[32:46] | your husband comes into my restaurant, eats, | 你丈夫走进我的餐厅, |
[32:49] | then he insults me. | 然后他侮辱我。 |
[32:51] | excuse my husband, mr. delgado. | 原谅我的丈夫,德尔加多先生。 |
[32:53] | he just wants what’s best for ana. | 他只是觉得那样对安娜最好。 |
[32:59] | she could go to college, come back, | 她可以先上大学, |
[33:01] | and teach you how to run the place. | 再回来教你如何经营这个地方。 |
[33:03] | professor… | 教授…… |
[33:06] | I don’t want your money, | 我不想收你的餐费, |
[33:07] | and I don’t need your business. | 也不需要你的光顾。 |
[33:12] | skip it. | 那不算餐费。 |
[33:13] | tip. | 算小费。 |
[33:17] | he puts hot chilesin his dip to sell extra beer. | 他把热辣椒放在他的蘸酱里,出售额外的啤酒。 |
[33:21] | iora! iora! iora! | 松鼠!松鼠!松鼠! |
[33:31] | kawasaki! | 川崎! |
[33:33] | kawasaki! | 川崎! |
[33:34] | yeow! | 友江! |
[33:36] | dog, dog, dog, dog. | 狗,狗,狗,狗。 |
[33:38] | dog, dog, dog, dog. | 狗,狗,狗,狗。 |
[33:41] | ok… | 好吧…… |
[33:42] | everybody, look at the board. | 大家看黑板。 |
[33:44] | will someone please read for me | 有人帮我读一下吗 |
[33:47] | what’s on the board? anybody. | 在黑板上写了什么? |
[33:50] | “juan has 5 times as many girlfriends as pedro. | 胡安的女朋友是佩德罗的5倍。 |
[33:54] | “carlos has one girlfriend less than pedro. | 卡洛斯的女朋友比佩德罗少一个。 |
[33:57] | “the total number of girlfriends between them | 他们之间的女朋友总数 |
[33:59] | “is 20. | 是20 |
[34:01] | how many does each gigolo have?” | 每个小白脸有几个女朋友?” |
[34:04] | late! | 迟了! |
[34:05] | late! | 迟了! |
[34:07] | late! late! late! | 迟了!迟了!迟了! |
[34:10] | ok, ok, ok. | 好,好,好。 |
[34:13] | ok, ok, ok, ok. | 好,好,好,好。 |
[34:15] | how many girlfriends | 有多少女朋友 |
[34:17] | does each gigolo have? anybody. | 每一个小白脸有几个?。 |
[34:19] | you got it, einstein? | 爱因斯坦,你明白了吗? |
[34:20] | you think you’ll do it? | 你认为你会做吗? |
[34:22] | juan is x. carlos is y. | 胡安是x,卡洛斯是y。 |
[34:25] | pedro is x + y. | 佩德罗是x + y。 |
[34:27] | is pedro bisexual, or what? | 佩德罗是双性恋还是怎么? |
[34:29] | I have a terrible feeling about you. | 我觉得你很可怕。 |
[34:35] | kemo, 5x = juan’s girlfriends? | 科莫,5x = juan的女朋友? |
[34:38] | you’re good now, | 你现在很好, |
[34:40] | but you’ll end up barefoot, pregnant, | 但你最后会赤脚,怀孕, |
[34:43] | and in the kitchen. | 下厨房 |
[34:45] | can you get negative girlfriends? | 你能得到糟糕的(negative,负的,这里双关语)女朋友吗? |
[34:47] | no, just negative boyfriends. | 不,只有糟糕的(negative)男朋友。 |
[34:49] | please forgive them | 请原谅他们 |
[34:50] | for they know not what they do. | 因为他们不知道自己在做什么。 |
[34:54] | carlos has x-5 girlfriends.que no? | 卡洛斯有x-5个女朋友。没有什么? |
[34:57] | que no?is right. que no. | 没有什么?是正确的。没有什么。 |
[35:00] | the answer to my prayers! | 我祈祷的答案! |
[35:02] | may I go to the restroom, please? | 我可以上厕所吗? |
[35:05] | in 10 minutes. hold it. | 10分钟后。先憋着。 |
[35:08] | senor maya. hit it. | 玛雅先生。解答它。 |
[35:11] | it’s a trick problem, mr. kemo. | 这是问题有陷阱,科莫先生。 |
[35:12] | you can’t solve it unless you know | 没法算,除非你知道… |
[35:14] | how many girlfriends they have in common. | …他们有多少个公共的女朋友? |
[35:18] | it’s not that they’re stupid, | 并不是说他们愚蠢, |
[35:22] | it’s just they don’t know anything. | 只是他们都不知情。 |
[35:23] | I’m wrong? | 我有没有说错? |
[35:25] | x = pedro’s girlfriends, | x =佩德罗的女朋友数, |
[35:28] | 5x = juan’s girlfriends. | 5 x =胡安的女朋友数。 |
[35:31] | x – 1 = carlos’ girlfriends. | x – 1 =卡洛斯的女朋友数。 |
[35:33] | x + 5x + x – 1 = 20。 x + 5x + x – 1 = 20. | |
[35:38] | so x = 3. | 所以x = 3。 |
[35:39] | [applause] | (掌声) |
[35:46] | good to see you. | 很高兴见到你。 |
[35:47] | this stuff don’t make sense. | 这些东西没有意义。 |
[35:49] | how does it work in the real world? | 在现实中怎么行得通? |
[35:52] | would it be possible to get some gigolos | 有可能让一些小白脸 |
[35:55] | for a practical demonstration? | …来实际表演一下吗? |
[35:57] | no, no, no, stop. | 不,不,不,停下来。 |
[35:59] | just kidding, just kidding. | 开玩笑,开玩笑的。 |
[36:13] | wow! | 哇! |
[36:14] | check it out! | 检查一下! |
[36:26] | get out of here. | 离开这里。 |
[36:30] | please! | 求你了! |
[36:37] | what kind of math is this? | 这是什么数学? |
[36:40] | this particular one | 这个特殊的一个 |
[36:41] | that’s up right now is calculus. | 这就是微积分。 |
[36:43] | you’ll get it in college. | 你会在大学里得到它。 |
[36:45] | my daughter uses this program in her high school. | 我女儿在她的高中使用这个程序。 |
[37:01] | I want to teach calculus next year. | 我想明年教微积分。 |
[37:08] | boy, that’s a jump. | 天,这是要跳级 |
[37:13] | that’s ridiculous. | 那太荒唐了。 |
[37:15] | they haven’t had trig or math analysis. | 他们没有学过三角函数和数学分析。 |
[37:18] | they’ll take them this summer. | 他们今年夏天学。 |
[37:20] | our best students attend summer school? | 我们最好的学生上暑期学校? |
[37:22] | from 7:00 to 12:00 every day, | 每天7点到12点, |
[37:26] | including saturdays. | 包括星期六。 |
[37:27] | yep. that’ll do it. | 是的,就是那样。 |
[37:31] | our summer classrooms are reserved for remedial courses. | 我们的暑期班是给后进生补课的。 |
[37:36] | if you want to change, start from the top. | 如果你想要改变,从尖子生开始。 |
[37:39] | mr. escalante, don’t lecture us. | 斯卡兰特先生,不要教训我们。 |
[37:42] | our kids can’t handle calculus. | 我们的孩子没法掌握微积分。 |
[37:44] | we don’t even have the books. | 我们甚至连课本都没有。 |
[37:47] | if they pass the advanced placement test, | 如果他们通过了ap考试(大学先修学分课程考试) |
[37:50] | they get college credit. | 他们能拿到大学学分。 |
[37:52] | there are teachers in this room | 这个房间里有些老师… |
[37:54] | who’d have trouble | 想通过ap考试… |
[37:56] | passing the advanced placement test. | 都有困难。 |
[37:58] | you really think you can make this fly? | 你真的认为你能让它飞起来吗? |
[38:08] | I teach calculus or… | 我教微积分还是…… |
[38:11] | have a good day. | 一切顺利。 |
[38:14] | well, if this man can walk in here and… | 好吧,如果这个人能在这里… |
[38:18] | dictate his own terms over my objections… | 不顾我的反对,自作主张…… |
[38:23] | I see no reason | 我认为没有理由… |
[38:24] | for me to continue as department chair. | …再继续担任数学组主任。 |
[38:28] | raquel, don’t take this personally. | 拉奎尔,别太介意。 |
[38:31] | I’m thinking about those kids. | 我考虑的是那些孩子。 |
[38:36] | if they try and don’t succeed, | 如果他们尝试了但不成功, |
[38:40] | you’ll shatter what little self-confidence they have. | 你会把他们仅剩的一点点自信也砸的粉碎。 |
[38:47] | these aren’t the types that, uh, bounce back. | 而且永远无法恢复。 |
[38:53] | have a good day. | 一切顺利 |
[39:19] | thanks, man. | 谢谢你,小伙子。 |
[39:23] | kemo, it stinks like last year in here. | 科莫,这里好像有东西臭了一年了 |
[39:29] | somebody give claudia an orange. | 谁给克劳迪娅一个橘子。 |
[39:33] | ok, ok, ok. sit down. | 好,好,好。坐下来。 |
[39:37] | you think I want to do this? | 你以为我想这么做? |
[39:41] | the japanese pay me to do this. | 日本人付钱让我做这件事。 |
[39:44] | they’re tired of making everything. | 他们厌倦了做任何事。 |
[39:46] | they want you guys to pull your own weight | 他们想让你们自己解决 |
[39:48] | so they can take vacations on mount fuji. | 所以他们可以在富士山上度假。 |
[39:53] | kemo, I thought this room | 科莫,我还以为这个房间 |
[39:55] | was supposed to be air-conditioned, man. | 是有空调的,伙计。 |
[39:57] | you should think… | 你应该觉得心静…… |
[40:00] | cool. | 自然凉 |
[40:02] | think… | 心静 |
[40:04] | cool. cool. | 自然凉 |
[40:06] | think… | 心静 |
[40:07] | cool. cool. | 自然凉 |
[40:12] | cool. cool. | 自然凉 |
[40:16] | cool. cool. | 自然凉 |
[40:18] | cool. | 自然凉 |
[40:19] | cool. cool. | 自然凉 |
[40:27] | out of the blue, | 突如其来地 |
[40:28] | I get a letter saying I was fired | 我收到一封信,说我被解雇了 |
[40:31] | because of proposition 13. | 因为13号提案。 |
[40:33] | I’m down to $936. | 把我工资降到936美元。 |
[40:34] | I invest 100 in resumes, | 我投了100份简历, |
[40:36] | and I bought this suit. | 我买了这套衣服。 |
[40:38] | I hit every insurance company. | 我打了每家保险公司。 |
[40:41] | my wife wants us to move in with her parents. | 我妻子想让我们和她的父母住在一起。 |
[40:43] | 2 weeks later I get another letter | 两周后,我又收到了一封信 |
[40:46] | telling me to report to work. | 告诉我去上班。 |
[40:48] | like the suit? | 喜欢这套衣服吗? |
[40:50] | fabulous. | 不要太好。 |
[40:51] | how about the color? | 颜色怎么样? |
[40:54] | welcome back,pelon. | 欢迎回来,pelon。 |
[41:40] | you ok? | 你还好吗? |
[41:41] | yeah, I’m ok. | 是的,我很好。 |
[41:43] | you sure? | 你确定吗? |
[41:44] | yes. I said I was fine. | 是的。我说我很好。 |
[41:48] | [rip] | (裤子裂开声) |
[41:49] | uh-oh. | 哦。 |
[41:55] | we’ll go step by step, inch by inch. | 我们一步一步来。 |
[41:58] | calculus wasn’t made to be easy. | 微积分并不是向来就很容易的 |
[42:00] | it already is. | 但现在它已经变得容易了。 |
[42:02] | remember the good times we had last summer? | 还记得我们去年夏天的美好时光吗? |
[42:05] | do you remember when things were really jumping good? | 你还记得解决问题的美好时刻吗? |
[42:08] | the good times are gone with the wind. | 美好的时光随风而逝。 |
[42:11] | it’s now the good, the bad, and the ugly. | 现在剩下的结果要么好,要么坏,要么难看。 |
[42:14] | come on. a contract? | 来吧。一个合同? |
[42:16] | you can’t trust us by now? | 你现在还不能信任我们? |
[42:18] | [bell rings] | (铃声响了) |
[42:20] | for those of you making the commitment, | 愿意做出承诺的人, |
[42:23] | you’ll be preparing for the advanced placement test. | 你们将参加ap测试。 |
[42:26] | have one signed before tomorrow. | 请在明天之前签名。 |
[42:27] | we come an hour early, take your class twice, | 我们提前一个小时来上课,上课两次, |
[42:30] | and stay until 5:00? | 呆到五点? |
[42:32] | believe it or don’t. | 信不信随你。 |
[42:33] | we got to come on saturdays? | 我们星期六也要来? |
[42:36] | and no vacation? | 而且没有假期? |
[42:37] | pass the a.p. exam, get college credit. | 通过ap考试,获得大学学分。 |
[42:40] | big deal. | 了不起。 |
[42:41] | we’re seniors. | 我们高年级学生。 |
[42:42] | it’s our year to slack off. | 今年是我们放松的一年。 |
[42:45] | johnny, will you make it saturday morning | 约翰尼,你能在星期六早上来吗 |
[42:48] | playing in your band friday night? | 乐队演奏放在周五晚上? |
[42:50] | you love scaring us into doing stuff, man, | 你喜欢做些什么吓唬我们,伙计, |
[42:53] | but that gets old real fast. | 但这马上就会变得老套了。 |
[43:01] | hey, kemo. | 嘿,科莫。 |
[43:03] | you proud of me? | 你为我感到自豪吗? |
[43:04] | I’m the first dude here. | 我第一个到了 |
[43:06] | what’s cal-cu-lus? | 什么是微积分? |
[43:15] | mom… | 妈妈…… |
[43:16] | calculus is math sir isaac newton invented | 微积分是艾萨克・牛顿爵士发明的数学 |
[43:19] | so he could figure out planet orbits, | 所以他可以计算出行星的轨道, |
[43:22] | but he never bothered to tell anybody | 但他从来不告诉任何人 |
[43:24] | until this other scientist guy | 直到另一个科学家 |
[43:26] | told everybodyhe had invented calculus. | 告诉大家他发明了微积分。 |
[43:29] | but the stupid guy got it all wrong, | 但那个愚蠢的家伙全错了, |
[43:32] | and so newton had to go public | 所以牛顿必须公开 |
[43:34] | and correct his mistakes. | 并纠正他的错误。 |
[43:35] | isn’t that neat? | 我说清楚了吗? |
[43:37] | for a genius, newton was an idiot. | 对于天才来说,牛顿是个白痴。 |
[43:38] | don’t worry, mom. | 别担心,妈妈。 |
[43:40] | if I invent something, i’ll be sure to get paid. | 如果我发明了什么,我一定会得到报酬。 |
[43:41] | I hope this is not an excuse | 我希望这不是一个借口… |
[43:44] | to stay out all hours? | 为了在外面呆上几个小时? |
[43:45] | trust me, mom. sign it. | 相信我,妈妈。签字。 |
[43:48] | boys don’t like if you’re too smart. | 男孩不喜欢你太聪明。 |
[43:51] | mom, I’m doing this | 妈妈,我要是能做这个 |
[43:52] | so I don’t have to depend on | 那么在我后半辈子, |
[43:54] | some dumb guy the rest of my life. | 就不需要依赖什么傻瓜蛋了。 |
[44:06] | thank you. | 谢谢你! |
[44:10] | thank you very much. | 非常感谢。 |
[44:11] | you don’t got it signed, | 你没有签名, |
[44:13] | you got no ticket to watch the show. | 你没票看演出。 |
[44:16] | good morning. good morning. | 早上好。早上好。 |
[44:18] | mr. blue eyes, thank very much. | 蓝眼睛先生,非常感谢。 |
[44:20] | elizabeth, my taylor. | 伊丽莎白泰勒。 |
[44:22] | sophia, my loren. | 索菲娅,我的罗兰。 |
[44:24] | get a haircut. | 剪头发。 |
[44:26] | thank you very much. | 非常感谢。 |
[44:27] | get a new jacket. thank you. | 一件新夹克。谢谢你! |
[44:30] | thank you very much. | 非常感谢。 |
[44:32] | clint, you forget your gun? | 克林特,你忘了你的枪? |
[44:34] | unfold it. | 展开它。 |
[44:42] | hep! | 玫瑰! |
[44:43] | get out of the way. here. | 别挡道。在这里。 |
[44:46] | you didn’t sign it. | 你没有签字。 |
[44:47] | I’m putting school on hold. | 我要推迟上课了。 |
[44:50] | sign it. | 签字。 |
[44:51] | my uncle offered me a job operating a fork lift. | 我叔叔给我提供了一个操作叉车的工作。 |
[44:54] | saturdays and sundays are time and a half. | 星期六和星期天是一个半小时。 |
[44:56] | 2 years in the union, i’ll make more than you. | 在工会里两年,我会赚的比你还多。 |
[44:59] | kemo, I don’t want to let you down, | 科莫,我不想让你失望, |
[45:02] | but the money will buy a new trans am. | 但是这些钱将会买到一个新车。 |
[45:05] | nobody cruises through life. | 没有人畅游一生 |
[45:07] | wouldn’t you rather design these than repair them? | 难道你不愿意规划一下,而是等着以后来修吗? |
[45:10] | you can’t even do that. they got fuel injection. | 你甚至都修不了。他们已经换成燃油喷射发动机了。 |
[45:13] | [grinding noise] | (磨削噪音) |
[45:15] | you’ll strip my gears. | 你会磨损我的齿轮。 |
[45:16] | orale,kemo. | 嗨,科莫。 |
[45:18] | don’t panic, johnny. | 不要惊慌,约翰尼。 |
[45:20] | just watch out for the other guy. | 小心那个家伙。 |
[45:24] | right or left? | 左还是右? |
[45:26] | where are we going? | 我们要去哪里? |
[45:27] | right or left? | 左还是右? |
[45:29] | go right! go right! | 右拐! 右拐! |
[45:39] | all you see is the turn. | 你只看到了转弯。 |
[45:42] | you don’t see the road ahead. | 你没看到前方的路。 |
[45:51] | orale, buey. | 嗨,你好吗 |
[45:52] | open the gate. we’ll be late. | 打开门。我们会迟到的。 |
[45:55] | what are you guys doing here so early? | 你们这么早就在这儿干什么? |
[45:58] | we’re in escalante’s class, remember? | 记得吗,我们在艾斯卡兰特的课上? |
[46:04] | wake up. drink some coffee, man. | 醒醒。喝一些咖啡,男人。 |
[46:12] | one, you got the graph right here. | 第一,这里有个图。 |
[46:15] | two, this strip, the most important part– | 第二,这条,最重要的部分… |
[46:19] | it’s the radius of rotation. | 它是旋转半径。 |
[46:21] | that’s it. | 就是这样。 |
[46:22] | anybody got any questions? | 有人有问题吗? |
[46:25] | anybody can do it | 任何人都可以做这件事 |
[46:27] | as long as you remember one basic element, | 只要记住一个基本元素, |
[46:29] | and that’s the element of surprise. | 这就是惊喜的元素。 |
[46:31] | stay awake ’cause you’re waking up. | 保持清醒,因为你醒来了。 |
[46:34] | bring toothpicks to pinch open your eyes. | 拿牙签撑开你的眼睛。 |
[46:37] | you understand what I mean? | 你明白我的意思吗? |
[46:39] | I was swimming with dolphins, | 我刚刚在和海豚一起游泳, |
[46:41] | whispering imaginary numbers, | 一边小声念叨一些虚数 |
[46:43] | looking for the fourth dimension. | 一边寻找着第四个维度。 |
[46:45] | good! go back to sleep. that’s very good. | 好!继续睡。这很好。 |
[46:48] | ok, any questions? yes? no? nothing? | 好,有什么问题吗?是吗?没有?没有什么? |
[46:52] | ok. | 好的。 |
[47:08] | ok, you should have it by now. | 好吧,你现在应该有了。 |
[47:11] | ok, what’s the answer? anybody? | 好了,答案是什么?有人知道吗? |
[47:15] | claudia? | 克劳迪娅? |
[47:16] | come on. we’re going backwards. | 来吧。我们在开倒车。 |
[47:19] | you’re fooling around too much during the weekend. | 你在周末浪费太多时间了。 |
[47:22] | this girl needs work from the neck up. | 这个女孩需要用脖子以上部分工作。 |
[47:25] | we’ll have to stay late again. | 我们又要晚一点放学了。 |
[47:27] | aw! come on. | 哦!来吧。 |
[47:29] | you know there’s pizza, ’cause they deliver. | 你知道有披萨,因为他们送的。 |
[47:32] | we can get fried chicken, hamburgers with cheese. | 我们可以吃炸鸡、汉堡包和奶酪。 |
[47:36] | jeez, we’ll need donations. you owe me money anyway. | 哎呀,我们需要捐款。反正你们欠我钱。 |
[47:40] | you don’t deserve the grades you’re getting. | 你们不配进入下一个年级。 |
[47:45] | where are you going? | 你要去哪里? |
[47:46] | you late for another date? | 你又有约会要迟到了? |
[47:48] | she’s got more boyfriends than elizabeth taylor. | 她比伊丽莎白・泰勒有更多的男朋友。 |
[47:52] | I don’t appreciate you using my personal life | 我不喜欢你用我的私人生活 |
[47:55] | to entertain this class. | 在这个班上娱乐。 |
[48:12] | claudia! | 克劳迪娅! |
[48:24] | ok, ok. | 好吧,好吧。 |
[48:26] | everything is falling apart right now. | 现在一切都崩溃了。 |
[48:29] | my boyfriend’s freaking out… | 我男朋友抓狂了 |
[48:30] | my mom… school sucks. | 我的妈妈…学校很差劲。 |
[48:32] | I’m in that classroom all day, kemo. | 我整天都在教室里,科莫。 |
[48:35] | look at my clothes, | 看我的衣服, |
[48:37] | my hair– I can’t even comb it. | 我的头发…我甚至不能梳它。 |
[48:40] | I hate my life. | 我讨厌我的生活。 |
[48:42] | so, what’s the problem? | 所以,是什么问题? |
[48:49] | kemo. | 科莫。 |
[48:58] | ponla aqui en esta linea. | 把它放在这条线上。 |
[49:00] | en esta linea. | 这条线上 |
[49:02] | no, no, no. aqui. | 不,不,不。这里。 |
[49:04] | calmate, mi hijo. | 冷静下来,我的孩子 |
[49:20] | esperame aqui. | 在这儿等着 |
[49:21] | si. | 看 |
[49:30] | yes. uh-huh. I understand that, | 是的。啊哈。我明白了, |
[49:32] | but you’ll have to bring him in. | 但你得把他带进来。 |
[49:35] | I’m not a doctor. | 我不是医生。 |
[49:36] | there’s no way. | 没有办法。 |
[49:38] | hey. | 嘿。 |
[49:39] | I don’t do diagnosis. uh-huh. | 我不做诊断。啊哈。 |
[49:42] | look, I’m sorry. we’ll have– | 看,我很抱歉。我们会有… |
[49:44] | mira. | 米拉。 |
[49:45] | could you hold a moment? | 你能稍等一会儿吗? |
[49:47] | could we see the doctor before next week? | 下周之前我们能去看医生吗? |
[49:50] | ok. hold on.seguro? | 好的。等一等。有预约? |
[49:52] | no. | 没有。 |
[49:54] | medi-cal? | 看医生吗? |
[49:55] | no, tampoco. | 不,不 |
[49:56] | how will you pay? | 你将如何支付? |
[49:58] | if we could pay, | 如果我们付得起, |
[50:00] | we’d go to a regular hospital. | 我们会去正规医院。 |
[50:02] | my grandmother could catch pneumonia. | 我的祖母会得肺炎。 |
[50:04] | ok. take a seat. we’ll call your number. | 好的。坐下。我们会叫你的号。 |
[50:07] | ma’am, you’ll have to bring him in. | 夫人,你得把他带进来。 |
[50:09] | there’s no way we can get around that. | 我们没有办法解决这个问题。 |
[50:12] | I understand that. you’ll have to bring him in. | 我理解这一点。你得把他带进来。 |
[50:20] | mm-mmm. | 唔唔。 |
[50:24] | try the short cut. | 捷径。 |
[50:25] | this is easy. baby stuff for boy scouts. | 这是很容易的。童子军的宝贝。 |
[50:29] | my mind don’t work this way. | 我的想法不是这样的。 |
[50:31] | tic-tac-toe. | 井字棋 |
[50:33] | piece of cake upside-down. watch for the green light. | 很简单 倒一下就行。注意绿灯。 |
[50:41] | i’ve been with you guys 2 years! | 我已经和你们在一起2年了! |
[50:44] | everybody knows I’m the dumbest! | 大家都知道我是最傻的! |
[50:46] | I can’t handle calculus! | 我学不会微积分! |
[50:48] | they have a better chance | 如果没有我的话 |
[50:50] | of making the a.p. test without me. | 他们通过考试的机会会更大 |
[50:54] | don’t laugh. | 别笑我。 |
[50:58] | how could we laugh? you’re breaking our hearts. | 我们怎么会笑你?你让我们的心都碎了。 |
[51:01] | don’t do this, kemo. | 别这样,科莫。 |
[51:02] | how noble– to sacrifice himself. | 多么高贵……牺牲自己。 |
[51:06] | do you have the ganas? | 你有进步吗? |
[51:07] | yes! | 是的! |
[51:08] | should I do it for you? | 我应该帮你做题吗? |
[51:10] | yes! | 是的! |
[51:12] | say no! | 说 不! |
[51:13] | I’m going to have to get tough. | 我必须要变得强硬些。 |
[51:16] | we’ll work right through christmas break. | 我们将在圣诞节假期期间继续。 |
[51:26] | the counselor was just here looking for you. | 辅导员刚才在找你。 |
[51:30] | something about some cosmetology classes. | 一些美容课程。 |
[51:34] | he says there’s 3 different levels– | 他说有三种不同的层次… |
[51:36] | one for boys, one for girls, | 一个给男孩,一个给女孩, |
[51:39] | and one for– go find out. | 和一个…去把它找出来。 |
[51:42] | please, listen, man. it’s cool. | 请听我说,伙计。它很酷。 |
[51:44] | my grandmother… | 我的祖母…… |
[51:45] | clock out. | 迟到了。 |
[51:47] | game’s over. you lose. | 游戏结束了。你输了。 |
[51:49] | you never listen to nobody, man. | 你从来不听任何人的。 |
[51:51] | te crees el mas chingon. | 这是我们的圣诞节。 |
[51:54] | adios. | 再见。 |
[51:56] | why don’t you send me some post cards | 你为什么不寄给我一些明信片呢 |
[51:59] | or call me? | 或打电话给我? |
[52:01] | we love you. | 我们爱你。 |
[52:06] | kemo sabe this, cabron, huh? | kemo sabe,这是个混蛋,嗯? |
[52:15] | that guy’s got a bigger problem than you. | 那家伙的问题比你大。 |
[52:20] | tic…… tic… | |
[52:21] | tac…… tac… | |
[52:23] | toe…simple. | toe…很简单。 |
[52:25] | she’s a little sloppy with her homework. | 她做作业有点马虎。 |
[52:28] | dad, get off the phone so we can eat. | 爸爸,别打电话了,我们可以吃饭了。 |
[52:32] | no. she’s a top student. | 没有。她是一个优等生。 |
[52:35] | your father works 60 hours a week, | 你父亲每周工作60小时, |
[52:38] | then he volunteers to teach night school for free. | 然后他还自愿免费教夜校。 |
[52:41] | merry christmas to you, too. | 也祝你圣诞快乐。 |
[52:46] | he’s visiting junior high schools | 他还访问初中 |
[52:48] | in his spare time. | 在他的空余时间。 |
[52:51] | corn and potatoes? | 玉米还是土豆? |
[52:53] | what happened to the lomo montado, | lomo montado怎么了? |
[52:55] | pique a lo macho? | 咬那个男的? |
[52:59] | jaime, I don’t want you to teach this holiday. | 杰米,我不希望假期你还去上课。 |
[53:03] | no. | 不。 |
[53:05] | no teaching… | 不上课…… |
[53:08] | papa… | 爸爸…… |
[53:09] | there’s a problem here I don’t understand. | 这里有个问题我不明白。 |
[53:12] | see what I mean? | 明白我意思了吗? |
[53:14] | his own son has problems with math. | 他自己的儿子在数学方面有问题。 |
[53:18] | no books at the table. | 桌上别谈论书了。 |
[53:20] | go wash your hands. | 去洗你的手。 |
[53:21] | [doorbell rings] | (铃声响了) |
[53:25] | i’ll get it. | 我来处理它。 |
[53:29] | you see what I mean? | 你明白我的意思吗? |
[53:33] | oh, senora, como esta? | 哦,夫人,你好吗? |
[53:35] | muy bien. | 很好。 |
[53:36] | senor escalante, | 埃斯卡兰特先生 |
[53:38] | angelito tiene que regresar a la escuela. | 安吉拉想回到学校。 |
[53:41] | el no puede perder su lonche. | 他不能失去免费午餐的机会。 |
[53:44] | no se preocupe, senora. | 别担心,太太。 |
[53:46] | pasele, por favor. | 请帮我个忙。 |
[53:47] | mucho gusto. | 很高兴认识你。 |
[53:49] | mi esposa. | 我的妻子 |
[53:53] | i’ve seen you do lots of underhanded tricks, | 我看到你偷偷摸摸玩的把戏, |
[53:56] | but bringing your abuelita to my house | 但是把你奶奶带到我家里来 |
[53:58] | at christmastime? come on. | 在圣诞节期间? 真有你的 |
[54:00] | I need calculus | 我需要微积分课程 |
[54:02] | to take me to a good career. | 它能帮我找一份好工作。 |
[54:05] | something smells good. | 闻起来好香啊。 |
[54:11] | icaray! | 我靠! |
[54:15] | on the first day of christmas | 在圣诞节的第一天 |
[54:16] | a cholo came to me… | 有个乔洛人(白人和土著的混血)来找我… |
[54:18] | this is what’s given. | 这是已知条件。 |
[54:21] | we’re looking for the area bounded by the curve. | 我们要求的是被曲线围起来的面积。 |
[54:24] | what are the limits? anybody. | 它的极限是什么? 谁来说。 |
[54:27] | 0 to pi over 2. | 0到π的2次方积分 |
[54:29] | wrong. lupe. | 错了。卢皮。 |
[54:30] | 0 to pi over 2? | 0到π的2次方积分? |
[54:32] | what’s wrong with you? | 你们怎么回事? |
[54:34] | this is review. | 这是复习。 |
[54:36] | I checked my work twice. | 我检查了两遍。 |
[54:38] | check it again. | 再检查一遍。 |
[54:40] | mine’s the same asgordita. | 我也一样,玉米饼 |
[54:42] | don’t call me gordita, pendejo. | 别叫我玉米饼, 笨蛋. |
[54:44] | it’s 0 to pi over 2. | 是0到π的2次方积分 |
[54:46] | I got the same thing. | 我也一样。 |
[54:49] | you should know this. no way! | 你应该知道这一点。不对! |
[54:51] | what’s wrong with you? | 你怎么了? |
[54:53] | this is review! | 这是复习! |
[54:55] | you’re acting like a blind man in a dark room | 你们好像在瞎子在黑屋子里 |
[54:57] | looking for a black cat that isn’t there! | 寻找一只根本不存在的黑猫! |
[55:00] | what’s wrong with you? I don’t believe it! | 你们怎么回事? 难以置信! |
[55:02] | you’re giving me a shot from the back! | 你从背后给了我一枪! |
[55:07] | [door slams] | (砰地关上一扇门) |
[55:08] | kemo finally blew a head gasket. | 科莫终于怒发冲冠了。 |
[55:11] | it’s a pen. | |
[55:13] | class: it’s a pen. | |
[55:14] | it’s a pencil. | |
[55:16] | class: it’s a pencil. | |
[55:18] | it’s a chair. | |
[55:19] | class: it’s a chair. | |
[55:21] | it’s a light. | |
[55:22] | class: it’s a light. | |
[55:24] | it’s a window. | |
[55:26] | class: it’s a window. | |
[55:27] | it’s in the room on the table. | |
[55:30] | it’s 10:00. | |
[55:33] | class: it’s in the room on the table. | |
[55:36] | it’s 10:00. | |
[55:37] | un momento, por favor. | 请稍等(西语) |
[55:39] | class: one moment, please. | |
[56:17] | oh! | 哦! |
[56:35] | page 456, please. | 请翻到456页。 |
[56:39] | come on, you guys. 456. | 来吧,伙计们。456页。 |
[56:41] | will you shut up and sit down, man? | 你能闭嘴坐下来吗,老兄? |
[56:49] | we told him to take it easy. | 我们告诉他别着急。 |
[56:52] | it’s our fault. we sit back | 这是我们的错。我们啥都没做 |
[56:54] | and watch him burn in. | 看着他消耗体力。 |
[56:56] | it’s burn out. | 他已经精疲力尽了。 |
[56:57] | he brought it on himself. | 他自愿的 |
[56:59] | he asked for it. | 他自找的 |
[57:01] | how can you say that? | 你怎么能这么说呢? |
[57:03] | you’re a wanna-be cholo asshole, man. | 你真是头乔洛猪,伙计。 |
[57:09] | [spit] | (吐) |
[57:10] | oh, that’s disgusting. | 哦,太恶心了。 |
[57:12] | you want me? | 你想要尝尝我的厉害吗? |
[57:13] | i’ll kick your ass! | 我要踢你的屁股! |
[57:16] | all right, break it up! | 好了,把他们拆开! |
[57:18] | pancho! | 潘乔! |
[57:19] | just break it up. | 别打了。 |
[57:20] | now, just settle down. | 现在, 安静下来。 |
[57:22] | later. | 以后。 |
[57:23] | settle down, angel. | 安静下来,安吉尔。 |
[57:30] | now mr. escalante is ok. | 那么,艾斯卡兰特先生没大问题。 |
[57:33] | he suffered a mild heart attack, | 他得了轻微的心脏病, |
[57:36] | and he’ll be under observation for the time being. | 他暂时还在观察中。 |
[57:38] | mr. schloss is your substitute. | 施洛先生是你的代课老师。 |
[57:41] | now, out of respect to mr. escalante, | 现在,出于对艾斯卡兰特先生的尊重, |
[57:44] | please give him your undivided attention. | 请把你们的注意力集中在他身上。 |
[57:48] | now I don’t want any more trouble from this room. | 现在我不想再在这个房间又出现什么麻烦了。 |
[57:52] | all right, pancho, you come with me. | 好了,潘乔,你跟我来。 |
[57:55] | angel, let’s go. | 安吉尔,我们走吧。 |
[57:58] | tito, take your seat. | 铁托,回到您的座位上。 |
[58:05] | mr. molina has informed me | 莫利纳告诉我的 |
[58:07] | you have your a.p. calculus exam in 2 weeks. | 你两个星期后要参加微积分的ap考试。 |
[58:12] | i’ll be honest with you. | 我对你实话实说。 |
[58:14] | i’ve never taught calculus before. | 我以前从未教过微积分。 |
[58:16] | I’m really a music teacher. | 我其实是个音乐老师。 |
[58:31] | you mad at me, mommy? | 你生我的气,妈妈? |
[58:33] | if I thought it would help, I would be angry. | 如果生气有用的话,我就生气。 |
[58:41] | dad… | 爸爸…… |
[58:42] | the doctor says no stress. | 医生说不要有压力。 |
[58:44] | no job-related activity for at least a month. | 停止工作相关的活动至少一个月。 |
[58:47] | I want another doctor. | 我想要换个医生。 |
[58:52] | jaime, I have to go. | 杰米,我得走了。 |
[58:54] | I left fernando with a neighbor. | 我把费尔南多留在邻居家里。 |
[58:56] | i’ll stay with dad. | 我陪着爸爸。 |
[58:58] | go with your mother. | 和妈妈一起走吧。 |
[58:59] | don’t forget to take out the trash, ok? | 别忘了把垃圾拿出来,好吗? |
[59:02] | ok, dad. | 好的,爸爸。 |
[59:04] | come on, mom. | 来吧,妈妈。 |
[59:25] | what time do you get out of work? | 你什么时候下班? |
[59:49] | hi! hi! | |
[59:52] | hey! mr. escalante! | 嘿!埃斯卡兰特先生! |
[59:58] | I’m still alive. | 我还活着。 |
[59:59] | I’m a hard-dying type of guy. | 我是一个打不死的家伙。 |
[1:00:02] | shouldn’t you be in the hospital? | 你不应该住院吗? |
[1:00:04] | I should be with you. | 我应该和你在一起。 |
[1:00:06] | bulldogs! | 斗牛犬! |
[1:00:08] | dog, dog, dog, dog. | 狗,狗,狗,狗。 |
[1:00:11] | thank you very much for baby-sitting. | 非常感谢你照看孩子。 |
[1:00:15] | have a good day. | 一切顺利。 |
[1:00:17] | how are you? | 你好吗? |
[1:00:18] | hey, you should be taking it easy, man. | 嘿,你应该多休息,伙计。 |
[1:00:22] | no, I should be here with you guys. | 不,我应该和你们在一起。 |
[1:00:25] | I mean, you already forgot to stand up. everybody! | 我是说,你们已经忘了排队了。都起来! |
[1:00:29] | no, against the wall like a snake. hurry! | 不,排长队,靠着墙。快点! |
[1:00:33] | we’ve been practicing for this all year. | 这个我们已经练习了一年了。 |
[1:00:36] | you’re the best! | 你是最棒的! |
[1:00:37] | you guys are the best! | 你们是最棒的! |
[1:00:40] | this is a piece of cake! | 这是小菜一碟! |
[1:00:42] | upside-down! | 颠倒一下! |
[1:00:44] | and… | 然后… |
[1:00:45] | step by step! | 一步接一步! |
[1:00:48] | all right! you got it now. | 好吧!你们现在已经掌握了。 |
[1:00:50] | open your eyes. | 睁开你的眼睛。 |
[1:00:53] | y = ln…… y = ln… | |
[1:00:56] | quantity x – 1. what’s the domain? | 真数是x – 1。定义域是什么? |
[1:00:59] | x is greater than -1. | x大于- 1。 |
[1:01:01] | no! to the end of the line. | 不!到底线去。 |
[1:01:03] | I’m gone 2 days, and you forget already. | 我才走了两天,你就已经忘了。 |
[1:01:05] | what’s the domain? | 定义域是什么? |
[1:01:06] | all real numbers greater than 1. x is greater than 1. | 所有大于1的实数。x大于1。 |
[1:01:11] | I told you you could do it. | 我告诉过你你能行。 |
[1:01:15] | ok! | 好的! |
[1:01:17] | be sure each mark is black | 确保每个标记都是黑色的 |
[1:01:19] | and completely fills the answer space. | 完全填满答案空格。 |
[1:01:22] | if you make an error, | 如果你涂错了, |
[1:01:24] | you may save time by crossing it out, | 你可以直接划掉它而不用去擦, |
[1:01:26] | rather than trying to erase it. | 这样可以节省时间。 |
[1:01:28] | it’s not expected that everyone will answer | 不要觉得每个人都能… |
[1:01:30] | all the multiple-choice questions. | …做完所有的多选题。 |
[1:01:33] | when you’re told to begin, open your booklet, | 当你听到“开始”时,打开袋子, |
[1:01:35] | tear out the green insert, and start work. | 把绿色的插入物撕下来,开始答题。 |
[1:01:38] | you may begin now. | 现在开始。 |
[1:02:11] | let’s go! | 我们走吧! |
[1:02:14] | come on! get in! | 来吧!来吧! |
[1:02:16] | get in! | 下来! |
[1:02:19] | oh, no, it’s too cold! | 哦,不,太冷了! |
[1:02:26] | anita! come on, anita! | 安妮塔!来吧,安妮塔! |
[1:02:29] | angel! | 安吉尔! |
[1:02:30] | I like to keep my pants dry, you know, man? | 我喜欢让裤子保持干爽,你知道吗? |
[1:02:34] | angel! come on in! | 安吉尔!进来吧! |
[1:02:37] | come on! | 来吧! |
[1:02:38] | the water’s great! | 水太好了! |
[1:02:40] | come on! | 来吧! |
[1:02:43] | ok, fine! | 好,好! |
[1:02:44] | fine! | 好啊! |
[1:02:46] | this is so stupid, man. | 这太蠢了,伙计。 |
[1:02:48] | I’m coming! | 我来了! |
[1:02:53] | angel! | 安吉尔! |
[1:02:54] | come on! | 来吧! |
[1:02:55] | come on! | 来吧! |
[1:03:11] | [rooster crows] | (鸡叫) |
[1:03:19] | orale,grandpa. | 嗨,爷爷。 |
[1:04:13] | we, being teachers, | 我们,作为老师, |
[1:04:15] | know the advanced placement tests are very difficult, | 知道ap测试非常困难, |
[1:04:20] | especially in mathematics. | 特别是数学。 |
[1:04:22] | less than 2% of all high school seniors nationwide | 只有不到2%的全国高中毕业生 |
[1:04:28] | even attempt the advanced placement calculus test. | 会参加ap的微积分测试。 |
[1:04:34] | you’ve been drinking. | 你在喝酒。 |
[1:04:36] | I am proud to announce | 我很自豪地宣布 |
[1:04:39] | that no other high school in southern california | 在南加州没有其他高中… |
[1:04:43] | has more students passing than garfield high school. | …通过人数能超过加菲尔德高中。 |
[1:04:52] | no. he just walks like that. | 没有。他走路就那样。 |
[1:04:56] | 18 students took the test. | 18名学生参加了测试。 |
[1:04:59] | 18 passed. | 18名通过。 |
[1:05:02] | many– | 许多…… |
[1:05:04] | we have an announcement to make. | 我们要宣布一个消息。 |
[1:05:07] | it’s all right. | 没关系。 |
[1:05:08] | ok. | 好的。 |
[1:05:15] | we, the a.p. calculus class, | 我们,ap微积分课程班, |
[1:05:18] | would like to present this plaque to our teacher… | 想向我们的老师展示这个牌匾…… |
[1:05:23] | jaime a. escalante. | 杰米 艾斯卡兰特 |
[1:05:26] | come on up. | 上来吧。 |
[1:06:02] | aah! | 啊! |
[1:06:03] | aah! aah! | 啊!啊! |
[1:06:05] | aah! | 啊! |
[1:06:08] | aah! | 啊! |
[1:06:09] | aah! | 啊! |
[1:06:10] | [telephone rings] | (电话响了) |
[1:06:16] | yes? | 是吗? |
[1:06:17] | this is guadalupe escobar. | 我是guadalupe escobar。 |
[1:06:21] | what is this, some kind of joke? | 这是什么意思,开什么玩笑? |
[1:06:24] | wait, wait a minute. who is this? | 等一下,等一下。你是谁? |
[1:06:27] | for reals? | 真的? |
[1:06:31] | what? | 什么? |
[1:06:33] | you’re crazy, man. | 你疯了,老兄。 |
[1:06:44] | “it’s standard procedure to grade the test | 这是对学生匿名后打分… |
[1:06:47] | “with the identity of the students concealed. | “…的标准方法。” |
[1:06:50] | “only after the irregularities were found | 在确认发现违规行为之后 |
[1:06:53] | was it determined the students were all from garfield.” | 才知道违规学生都来自加菲尔德 |
[1:06:56] | you all received the same letter? | 你们都收到了同样的信吗? |
[1:06:58] | yeah. yeah. | 是的。是的。 |
[1:06:59] | “based upon the unusual agreement of incorrect answers, | “基于错误答案具有不正常的一致性, |
[1:07:02] | “e.t.s. has no alternative but to question the scores | “ets(教育测试服务机构)别无选择,只能怀疑… |
[1:07:06] | of students with such unusual agreement.” | …具有这种一致性的学生的分数。 |
[1:07:08] | what’s it mean in english? | 这英语说的是什么意思? |
[1:07:09] | we copied each other | 我们互相抄袭 |
[1:07:11] | because we all had the same wrong answers. | 因为我们的错误都一样。 |
[1:07:14] | we’re too stupid to cheat correctly. | 我们笨到连作弊都不会。 |
[1:07:16] | why don’t we just sue? | 我们为什么不起诉呢? |
[1:07:18] | “the board doubts the grades are valid for you | 考试机构怀疑这些成绩对你们是否有效 |
[1:07:22] | because of these unusual circumstances.” | 因为这些特殊环境。” |
[1:07:24] | these people are human. | 这些人都是人类。 |
[1:07:25] | they can make mistakes, too. | 他们也会犯错误。 |
[1:07:28] | ana: kemo, these people are calling us cheaters. | 这些人叫我们骗子。 |
[1:07:33] | all right. | 好吧。 |
[1:07:34] | this is where we keep all confidential material, | 这是我们保存所有机密材料的地方, |
[1:07:37] | s.a.t. and a.p. tests included. | 包括sat和ap测试。 |
[1:07:41] | I assure you, only my secretary and i | 我向你保证,只有我和我的秘书 |
[1:07:44] | know the combination. | 知道这个组合。 |
[1:07:46] | mr. molina, this controversy | 莫利纳先生,这争议… |
[1:07:49] | is officially between | 正式说来是… |
[1:07:50] | the educational testing service | 在教育考试服务机构和… |
[1:07:52] | and the students. | …学生之间。 |
[1:07:53] | it does not reflect upon your school | 没有指责你们校方… |
[1:07:56] | or its administration. | 或学校管理的意思。 |
[1:07:58] | I understand. | 我明白了。 |
[1:07:59] | we’d like to resolve this | 我们想尽量私底下… |
[1:08:01] | with the least publicity possible. | 解决这个问题。 |
[1:08:03] | i’d appreciate that. | 我很欣赏这一点。 |
[1:08:06] | all right? | 好吧? |
[1:08:07] | yep. | 是的。 |
[1:08:13] | do you think they got the test ahead of time? | 你认为他们提前拿到试卷了吗? |
[1:08:17] | well, claudia was having emotional problems. | 克劳迪娅有感情问题。 |
[1:08:21] | pancho was way behind. | 潘乔进度有点落后。 |
[1:08:25] | do you really think anyone cheated? | 你真的认为有人作弊吗? |
[1:08:29] | no, but my father does. | 没有,但我父亲觉得是。 |
[1:08:34] | damn shit! | 该死的! |
[1:08:37] | look at this shit! | 看看这泡狗屎! |
[1:08:39] | if i’d have taken that job with my uncle, | 如果我和我叔叔一起做那份工作, |
[1:08:42] | I could have had a brand-new car by now! | 我现在可以有一辆全新的车了! |
[1:08:46] | it’s ok. you can fix it. | 没关系。你可以修复它。 |
[1:08:48] | come on, ok? just relax. | 来吧,好吗?放松点。 |
[1:08:50] | hey, I didn’t know | 嘿,我不知道 |
[1:08:52] | you two were like a thing now. | 你们两个现在就像是一体的 |
[1:08:55] | just something for the summer. | 夏天肯定发生什么事了。 |
[1:09:03] | come on, lupe. | 拜托,卢皮。 |
[1:09:05] | you’re such an asshole, pancho. | 你真是个混蛋,潘乔。 |
[1:09:07] | lupe, wait. | 卢皮等。 |
[1:09:11] | shit! | 狗屎! |
[1:09:24] | lots of stars up there, homey. not too polluted. | 在那里有很多星星,homey。没有太污染。 |
[1:09:27] | stars aren’t really there,ese. | 星星并不是真的在那里,ese。 |
[1:09:32] | no, what you’re looking at | 不可能,那你看到的是什么 |
[1:09:35] | is where they used to be, man. | 是他们过去的样子,伙计。 |
[1:09:38] | it takes the light | 它发出的光 |
[1:09:39] | a thousand years to reach the earth. | 要一千年才到达地球。 |
[1:09:42] | for all we know, | 我们知道的是, |
[1:09:44] | they burned out long ago, man. | 它们早就烧光了,伙计。 |
[1:09:46] | god pulled the plug on us. | 上帝拔掉了我们的插头。 |
[1:09:50] | he didn’t tell nobody. | 他没有告诉任何人。 |
[1:09:51] | those stars are out there. | 那些星星就在那里。 |
[1:09:53] | I don’t care what you say. | 我不在乎你说什么。 |
[1:09:56] | [car engine revs] | (汽车发动机转速) |
[1:10:02] | hey, homeboy. | 嘿,老乡。 |
[1:10:03] | ialli te llevo, mi hija! | 我带你去,女儿! |
[1:10:08] | come on, throw me a kiss, baby! | 来吧,给我个吻,宝贝! |
[1:10:12] | hey! | 嘿! |
[1:10:13] | hey,tirame un beso. | 嘿,给我一个吻。 |
[1:10:17] | [siren wails] | (警笛声) |
[1:10:22] | that’s right. that’s right. | 对了。对了。 |
[1:10:23] | that’s all you know. | 这是你知道的。 |
[1:10:29] | what’s the matter, you can’t afford a knife? | 怎么了,你没钱买刀? |
[1:10:32] | use a pencil, go to jail. | 用铅笔,去坐牢。 |
[1:10:35] | can I have this back now? | 我现在可以拿回去吗? |
[1:10:37] | you got a tough mouth. you better watch yourself. | 你的嘴很硬。你最好看好自己。 |
[1:10:43] | mucho gusto,officer. | 很高兴认识你,长官。 |
[1:10:47] | let’s go, jack. | 我们走吧,杰克。 |
[1:11:07] | that was real smart,ese. | 那真是太聪明了。 |
[1:11:13] | get away from my ride! | 离我的车远点! |
[1:11:19] | get up. | 起来了。 |
[1:11:20] | come on, get up! | 快点,起来! |
[1:11:31] | where are you going? | 你要去哪里? |
[1:11:35] | come back. | 回来了。 |
[1:11:37] | angel! | 安吉尔! |
[1:12:24] | well… | 好吧…… |
[1:12:26] | does anyone have anything to say? | 有人有话要说吗? |
[1:12:47] | ana… | 安娜…… |
[1:12:51] | i’ve known your family for years. | 我认识你的家人很多年了。 |
[1:12:54] | tell us the truth. | 告诉我们真相。 |
[1:12:55] | nothing happened. | 什么也没有发生。 |
[1:12:58] | don’t lie to me. | 不要对我撒谎。 |
[1:13:00] | nothing happened! | 什么也没发生! |
[1:13:01] | just leave her alone. | 只是把她单独留下。 |
[1:13:03] | she didn’t do anything wrong. | 她没有做错任何事。 |
[1:13:05] | then tell us who did. | 然后告诉我们是谁干的。 |
[1:13:21] | we’re not cops. | 我们不是警察。 |
[1:13:24] | we’re not here to put anybody behind bars. | 我们不是来让任何人坐牢的。 |
[1:13:27] | if you cheated, | 如果你作弊了, |
[1:13:29] | let us know so you can go home | 告诉我们,你就可以回家 |
[1:13:31] | and enjoy the rest of your summer. | 享受剩下的暑假。 |
[1:13:37] | permiso. | 对不起。 |
[1:13:52] | I come from this neighborhood. | 我来自这个社区。 |
[1:13:55] | yo vengo de este barrio, | 我来自这个街区, |
[1:13:57] | and I know that sometimes we’re tempted | 我知道有时我们会被诱惑 |
[1:14:01] | to take short cuts. | 走捷径。 |
[1:14:03] | just tell me the truth. what happened? | 跟我说实话吧。发生了什么事? |
[1:14:08] | dime la verdad. | 告诉我真相。 |
[1:14:10] | ok. | 好的。 |
[1:14:27] | we’re busted. why don’t we just admit it? | 我们被逮住了。为什么我们不承认呢? |
[1:14:42] | how’d you do it? | 你怎么做到的? |
[1:14:46] | I got the test ahead of time | 我提前拿到试卷了 |
[1:14:48] | and passed it out to everyone. | 然后把它传递给每个人。 |
[1:14:50] | how did you get it? | 你是怎么得到它的? |
[1:14:52] | the mailman. | 邮递员给我的。 |
[1:14:58] | I strangled him. | 我掐死他。 |
[1:15:00] | his body’s decomposing in my locker. | 他的尸体正在我的储物柜里腐烂。 |
[1:15:41] | there’s no sense in continuing | 继续下去是没有意义的 |
[1:15:43] | if they won’t cooperate. | 如果他们不合作。 |
[1:16:06] | do you know how this got in my box? | 你知道这怎么会在我的邮箱里? |
[1:16:17] | a letter of resignation. | 一封辞职。 |
[1:16:18] | anonymous. | 匿名的。 |
[1:16:23] | my guess is it could have something to do | 我猜这可能是有原因的 |
[1:16:26] | with the mess this school is in. | 学校一团乱麻。 |
[1:16:31] | you think they cheated? | 你认为他们作弊吗? |
[1:16:41] | mr. escalante, you put these kids | 艾斯卡兰特先生,你把这些孩子放在一起 |
[1:16:44] | under an awful lot of pressure. | 在很大的压力下。 |
[1:16:46] | they would have gone to any lengths to please you. | 他们会不惜一切来取悦你。 |
[1:16:50] | you didn’t answer my question. | 你没有回答我的问题。 |
[1:16:54] | all right. | 好吧。 |
[1:16:59] | well… | 好吧…… |
[1:17:01] | every night when I go to bed | 每天晚上我上床睡觉的时候 |
[1:17:04] | I watch the television news. | 我会看看电视新闻。 |
[1:17:06] | I see lots of people go on trial. | 我看到很多受审的人 |
[1:17:09] | they deny everything, | 他们否认一切, |
[1:17:10] | or their lawyers say they were insane at the time. | 或者他们的律师说当时他们疯了。 |
[1:17:13] | a lot of them get off. | 很多人得以脱罪。 |
[1:17:17] | but I believe that most people | 但我相信大多数 |
[1:17:19] | who get caught today are guilty. | 被抓的人是有罪的。 |
[1:17:24] | don’t you? | 你不觉得吗? |
[1:17:27] | yep. | 是的。 |
[1:17:29] | I know what you mean. | 我明白你的意思。 |
[1:17:55] | have you seen my car? | 你看到我的车了吗? |
[1:17:57] | no. | 没有。 |
[1:17:58] | do you need a ride home? | 你需要搭便车回家吗? |
[1:18:05] | no, thank you. | 不了,谢谢。 |
[1:18:10] | kemo, let me take you home. | 科莫,让我带你回家。 |
[1:19:00] | [door closes] | (门关闭) |
[1:19:01] | jaime? | 杰米吗? |
[1:19:25] | jaime… | 杰米 |
[1:19:27] | want to talk about it? | 想谈谈吗? |
[1:19:30] | mm-mmm. | 唔唔。 |
[1:19:37] | I may have made a mistake | 我可能犯了一个错误 |
[1:19:39] | trying to teach them calculus. | 试着教他们微积分。 |
[1:19:44] | regardless of whether | 不管 |
[1:19:46] | they passed that test or not, jaime, | 他们通过了这个测试,杰米, |
[1:19:49] | they learned. | 他们学到了东西。 |
[1:19:52] | yeah, they learned | 是的,他们学到了… |
[1:19:54] | if you try real hard, nothing changes. | 再怎么努力,都没用。 |
[1:20:01] | quit. | 辞职吧。 |
[1:20:05] | if that’s all you have left to teach… | 如果你还能教给他们的就只剩这个教训…… |
[1:20:10] | quit. | 辞职吧。 |
[1:20:15] | you know, what kills me | 你知道,给我最大的打击就是 |
[1:20:18] | is that they lost the confidence in the system | 他们本来已经有资格进入这个社会系统 |
[1:20:21] | that they’re now finally qualified to be a part of. | 但现在他们却不再对它信任 |
[1:20:27] | I don’t know why I’m losing sleep over this. | 我不知道我为什么会为此失眠。 |
[1:20:30] | I don’t need it. | 我不需要。 |
[1:20:34] | I could make twice the money in less hours | 我可以用更少的时间赚两倍的钱 |
[1:20:38] | and have people treat me with respect. | 并且得到人们的尊重。 |
[1:20:43] | respect? | 尊重? |
[1:20:47] | jaime, those kids love you. | 杰米,那些孩子爱你。 |
[1:20:54] | [honk honk] | (按汽车喇叭鸣响) |
[1:20:55] | [honk honk] | (按汽车喇叭鸣响) |
[1:20:59] | [honk] | (声音) |
[1:21:00] | hey, kemo! | 嘿,科莫! |
[1:21:10] | check out your ride. we fixed it up for you. | 看看你的旅程。我们帮你把它修好了。 |
[1:21:14] | going downtown, man, | 去市中心, |
[1:21:16] | to take action on those e.t.s. boys. | 给ets(教育服务处)那帮人来点颜色吧 |
[1:21:19] | hey, dad, check out your new car. | 爸爸,看你的新车。 |
[1:21:22] | angel: we got to talk about the payments. | 我们得谈谈报答。 |
[1:21:25] | golly! | 天啊! |
[1:21:45] | gentlemen? | 先生们? |
[1:21:47] | my name is jaime escalante. | 我叫杰米・艾斯卡兰特。 |
[1:21:49] | I’m the a.p. calculus teacher | 我是ap微积分课程的老师 |
[1:21:51] | from garfield high school. | 来自加菲尔德高中。 |
[1:21:52] | yes. yes. | 是的。是的。 |
[1:21:55] | I’m dr. pearson. | 我是皮尔森博士。 |
[1:21:57] | hello, doctor. | 你好,博士。 |
[1:21:58] | this is dr. ramirez. | 这是拉米雷斯博士。 |
[1:22:00] | que tal? un placer. | 你好吗?很高兴。 |
[1:22:01] | es un gusto, senor. | 很荣幸,先生。 |
[1:22:07] | I feel I have the right to know | 我觉得我有权利知道 |
[1:22:10] | why you think my students cheated. | 为什么你们认为我的学生作弊。 |
[1:22:19] | mr. escalante, | 埃斯卡兰特先生, |
[1:22:20] | I’m sorry you drove out here, but we’re not at liberty | 我很抱歉你开车到这里,但我们没有权利 |
[1:22:23] | to discuss the controversy with you. | 和你讨论这个争议。 |
[1:22:25] | i’d just like to see the test, that’s all. | 我只是想看看试卷,仅此而已。 |
[1:22:29] | mr. escalante, | 埃斯卡兰特先生, |
[1:22:32] | I understand what you’re going through here. | 我知道你在这里要做什么。 |
[1:22:34] | but I repeat, | 但是我重复, |
[1:22:35] | the problem’s between the e.t.s. and the students. | 问题是在ets和学生之间。 |
[1:22:38] | i’d just like to see what mistakes were made. | 我只想看看他们犯了什么错误。 |
[1:22:42] | I’m their teacher. I know my kids. | 我是他们的老师。我了解我的孩子们。 |
[1:22:46] | mr. escalante, have a seat. | 艾斯卡兰特先生,请坐。 |
[1:22:48] | no. no, thank you. | 没有。不了,谢谢。 |
[1:22:53] | there were some unorthodox, | 有一些非正式的, |
[1:22:56] | even illogical computations | 甚至非逻辑的计算 |
[1:22:58] | for students of this caliber. | 对于这个级别的学生来说。 |
[1:23:00] | mistakes in simple math. | 这是简单的数学错误。 |
[1:23:01] | maybe they made the same mistakes | 也许他们犯了同样的错误 |
[1:23:04] | because they had the same instruction. | 是因为他们受到相同的教导。 |
[1:23:05] | I taught them step by step, | 我一步一步地教他们, |
[1:23:07] | all the same way. | 用一样的方法。 |
[1:23:09] | look. your students averaged fewer than 4 wrong | 你看。你学生的多选题答题情况… |
[1:23:12] | on the multiple choice, | 平均错题数小于四题 |
[1:23:13] | where other schools average what… | 而其他学校的平均错题数… |
[1:23:15] | 14 to 18 incorrect answers? | 是14到18题 |
[1:23:18] | and most of your kids finished with time to spare. | 同时你的大部分学生答完题后还有时间空余。 |
[1:23:22] | they should be rewarded, not punished. | 他们应该得到奖励,而不是惩罚。 |
[1:23:29] | mr. escalante, the educational testing service | 艾斯卡兰特先生,教育测试服务机构(ets) |
[1:23:31] | does not act capriciously. | 不能肆意妄为。 |
[1:23:34] | every major university in the united states | 美国的每一所主要大学 |
[1:23:37] | subscribes to our service. | 都订购我们的服务。 |
[1:23:39] | I would like to see proof of wrongdoing. | 我想看一下不法行为的证据。 |
[1:23:41] | I would like to see the tests. | 我想看一下试卷。 |
[1:23:42] | let me reiterate. | 让我重申。 |
[1:23:44] | there’s no proof of wrongdoing, | 没有任何不法行为的证据, |
[1:23:46] | only a suspicion of cheating. | 只有对作弊的怀疑。 |
[1:23:48] | one is innocent until proven guilty, | 一个人是无辜的,除非被证明有罪, |
[1:23:50] | not the other way around. | 而不是相反。 |
[1:23:52] | if you’re so confident | 如果你对学生的能力, |
[1:23:54] | of your student’s abilities, | 那么有信心 |
[1:23:55] | encourage them to retest. | 就鼓励他们重新测试。 |
[1:23:57] | why should i? | 我为什么要这么做呢? |
[1:23:59] | if they don’t, everyone will assume they cheated. | 如果他们不这样做,每个人都会以为他们作弊了。 |
[1:24:02] | everyone will assume they cheated if they do. | 如果他们这样做了,人们才会以为他们作弊了。 |
[1:24:05] | I want to see the tests, please. | 我想看一下试卷,拜托了。 |
[1:24:08] | mr. escalante, we’re psychometricians, | 埃斯卡兰特先生,我们是心理计量学家, |
[1:24:09] | thorough to the point of boring. | 工作仔细到令人厌烦的地步。 |
[1:24:12] | we’re not out to get anybody here. | 我们不允许让任何外人进来这里。 |
[1:24:15] | hold on. if this was 2 students cheating, | 等一等。如果现在是有两个学生作弊, |
[1:24:18] | that’s one thing. | 这是另一回事。 |
[1:24:19] | but by making a blanket accusation, | 但现在你是通过一个笼统的指控, |
[1:24:22] | you’re saying there was a conspiracy. | 声称存在一个阴谋。 |
[1:24:24] | every conspiracy has a leader. | 每个阴谋都有一个领导者。 |
[1:24:26] | who better to lead it than the teacher? | 还有谁比老师更能领导它呢? |
[1:24:29] | nobody’s accusing you of anything. | 没有人指责你。 |
[1:24:31] | not only me. | 不仅我没有。 |
[1:24:32] | the school, parents, the entire community. | 学校,家长,整个社区都没有。 |
[1:24:35] | scores this high would be questioned | 这样高的分数会受到质疑 |
[1:24:37] | regardless of the school. | 不管哪所学校。 |
[1:24:39] | if this was beverly hills high school, | 如果这是贝弗利山高中, |
[1:24:42] | you two wouldn’t be investigating. | 你们两个不会调查的。 |
[1:24:45] | mr. escalante, | 埃斯卡兰特先生, |
[1:24:46] | I hope you’re not insinuating | 我希望你不是在暗示 |
[1:24:48] | that we haven’t earned our position here, | 我们在这里没有地位, |
[1:24:51] | ’cause no one’s given me a damn thing. | 因为没有人给我一个该死的证据。 |
[1:24:54] | you’re letting your emotions get the best of you. | 你现在最好控制下自己的情绪。 |
[1:24:59] | if no one’s given you a damn thing, | 如果没有人给你一个该死的证据, |
[1:25:02] | you should not be taking away from my kids! | 你不应该冤枉我的孩子! |
[1:25:04] | the identity of the students were concealed | 学生的身份是隐匿的… |
[1:25:08] | until it was determined | 在确定… |
[1:25:10] | that irregularities existed. | 违规行为存在之前 |
[1:25:12] | those scores are only being questioned | 这些分数被质疑… |
[1:25:14] | because my kids have spanish surnames | 只是因为我的孩子们有西班牙姓氏… |
[1:25:17] | and come from barrio schools! | 来自西语学校! |
[1:25:18] | you know that! | 你知道这个! |
[1:25:22] | we’ve been patiently explaining our position | 我们一直在耐心地解释我们的立场 |
[1:25:25] | and listening to your complaints. | 倾听你的抱怨。 |
[1:25:27] | now our conversation is over. | 现在我们的谈话结束了。 |
[1:25:29] | there’s something going on here | 这里面有一些情况 |
[1:25:31] | that nobody’s talking about, | 没人拿到桌面上说, |
[1:25:33] | and you know what it is! | 但你知道那是什么! |
[1:25:35] | no one has the right to accuse me of racism. | 没人有权利指控我种族主义。 |
[1:25:39] | no one has the right to accuse me of racism! | 没人有权利指控我种族主义! |
[1:25:42] | I know well how to spell discrimination! | 我很清楚歧视是怎么回事! |
[1:25:45] | I thought this was over a long time ago. | 我以为这是很久以前的事了。 |
[1:25:47] | are you doing this to my kids? | 你正在把它施加在孩子们身上吗? |
[1:25:49] | there are 2 kinds of racism– | 有两种种族主义…… |
[1:25:52] | singling out members of a minority group | 区别对待少数群体中的成员(不尊重共性)… |
[1:25:55] | and not singling out members | 以及不区别对待… |
[1:25:57] | of a minority group. | 少数群体中的成员(不尊重差异性)。 |
[1:25:59] | my kids could teach you a thing or two. | 我的孩子们可以教你一两件事。 |
[1:26:02] | I’m calling security | 我叫保安了 |
[1:26:04] | if you can’t control yourself. | 如果你无法控制自己。 |
[1:26:06] | go ahead. | 去吧。 |
[1:26:07] | you didn’t show me the test. | 你没有给我看试卷。 |
[1:26:09] | you didn’t prove anything. | 你没有证明任何事情。 |
[1:26:11] | they didn’t do anything. | 他们什么都没做。 |
[1:26:12] | i’ll prove you guys wrong. | 我要证明你们错了。 |
[1:26:14] | I hope you do, | 我倒希望你能, |
[1:26:16] | because this is not between you and me. | 因为这不是你我之间的事。 |
[1:26:20] | maybe not, | 也许是这样, |
[1:26:22] | but if I catch you on the street, | 但如果我在街上碰到你, |
[1:26:24] | i’ll kick the shit out of you. | 我要把你踢出屎来。 |
[1:26:30] | yeah, this is guadalupe escobar. | 是的,我是guadalupe escobar。 |
[1:26:32] | i’ve decided to take the test again. | 我决定再参加一次考试。 |
[1:26:35] | you’re kidding. | 你在开玩笑吧。 |
[1:26:38] | kemo, we only have one day to study. | 科莫,我们只有一天的时间来学习。 |
[1:26:46] | ok. 8 a.m. on tuesday. thank you. | 好的,早上8点,周二,谢谢你! |
[1:26:49] | why didn’t you let me talk to them? | 你为什么不让我跟他们谈谈? |
[1:26:52] | call collect. stick them with a big bill. | 对方付费电话。让他们出点血。 |
[1:26:57] | I thought i’d seen this place for the last time. | 我想我上次见过这个地方。 |
[1:27:03] | we’ll have to review | 我们必须复习 |
[1:27:04] | the entire course in one shot. | 整个课程过一遍。 |
[1:27:07] | you mean in one day? | 你的意思是在一天之内? |
[1:27:09] | can’t do it in less. | 不能更少了。 |
[1:27:11] | it’ll be the same test? | 会是同一张试卷吗? |
[1:27:13] | mm-mmm. it’ll be harder. | 唔唔。它会更加困难。 |
[1:27:14] | don’t count on that. | 别掉以轻心。 |
[1:27:18] | just go step by step and play defense. | 就一步一步地做,同时提高警惕。 |
[1:27:22] | don’t bring anything. | 不要带任何东西。 |
[1:27:24] | no pencils, no erasers, nothing. | 铅笔,橡皮,什么都别带。 |
[1:27:27] | don’t wear clothes with too many pockets. | 不要穿太多口袋的衣服。 |
[1:27:30] | don’t let your eyes wander. | 不要东张西望。 |
[1:27:32] | no spacing out. | 不要走神 |
[1:27:34] | don’t give them any opportunity | 不要给他们任何机会… |
[1:27:36] | to call you cheaters. | 叫你骗子。 |
[1:27:40] | you are the true dreamers, | 你们是真正的梦想家, |
[1:27:42] | and dreams accomplish wonderful things. | 梦想成就美好的事情。 |
[1:27:47] | you’re the best. | 你们是最棒的。 |
[1:27:48] | tomorrow you’ll prove that you’re the champs. | 明天你们就将证明自己是冠军。 |
[1:27:51] | start with chapter one. | 从第一章开始。 |
[1:28:08] | kemo, what you making over there? | 科莫,你在那边做什么吃的? |
[1:28:10] | you like brains? | 你喜欢吃脑子吗? |
[1:28:12] | good. I was afraid | 好吧。我怕了 |
[1:28:13] | you guys wouldn’t appreciate it. | 你们不会喜欢的。 |
[1:28:15] | this food lasts for 24 hours. | 这种食物可以24小时不饿。 |
[1:28:18] | you’re afraid we’ll screw up royally tomorrow, aren’t you? | 你担心我们明天真会搞砸,不是吗? |
[1:28:22] | tomorrow’s just another day, honey. | 明天只是普通的一天,亲爱的。 |
[1:28:24] | I’m afraid you’ll screw up the rest of your lives. | 我担心你会毁了你的余生。 |
[1:28:35] | I’m fried. | 我精疲力尽了。 |
[1:28:36] | I don’t care if I don’t pass. | 我不管能不能通过。 |
[1:28:39] | sit down. we got work to do. | 坐下来。我们好好学。 |
[1:28:42] | I’m going home. | 我要回家了。 |
[1:28:44] | sit down. | 坐下来。 |
[1:28:46] | I’m tired, and I’m going home. | 我累了,我要回家了。 |
[1:28:48] | ok? | 好吗? |
[1:28:50] | you know what you’re doing? | 你知道你在做什么吗? |
[1:28:52] | I’m going home. that’s what I’m doing. | 我要回家了。这就是我要干的。 |
[1:29:04] | this stuff’s ready. who’d like some? | 做好了。谁想吃一点? |
[1:29:06] | kemo, let’s order out, man. | 科莫,我们点外卖吧,伙计。 |
[1:29:10] | I was just kidding. | 我只是在开玩笑。 |
[1:30:05] | hey, I had to see you. | 嘿,我必须见你。 |
[1:30:08] | you can’t expect me to be your girlfriend | 你不能指望我只是在你方便的时候 |
[1:30:10] | at your convenience. | 才是你的女朋友 |
[1:30:18] | I’m an asshole. | 我是一个混蛋。 |
[1:30:23] | sorry. | 抱歉。 |
[1:31:28] | I’m sure you’re all familiar | 我相信你们都很熟悉 |
[1:31:30] | with the procedure. | 考试过程。 |
[1:31:32] | you have 90 minutes | 你有90分钟 |
[1:31:35] | to complete the multiple-choice section. | 完成多项选择题。 |
[1:31:38] | do not fill in answers by guessing. | 不要猜答案。 |
[1:31:41] | wrong answers will be counted against you. | 错误的答案将会倒扣分数。 |
[1:31:44] | you may begin part one… | 第一部分答题… |
[1:31:47] | now. | 现在开始。 |
[1:33:19] | ok. pencils down. | 好的。放下铅笔。 |
[1:33:26] | you have 90 minutes | 你有90分钟… |
[1:33:28] | to complete the free response section. | 完成自由答题部分。 |
[1:33:31] | don’t spend too much time | 不要花太多的时间… |
[1:33:33] | on any particular answer. | 去确保正确答案 |
[1:33:36] | credit will be issued for partial solutions. | 分数是根据你的答题步骤给的 |
[1:33:41] | open the booklet. | 打开试卷袋。 |
[1:33:43] | begin part 2. good luck. | 第二部分答题开始。祝你们好运。 |
[1:35:26] | finished? | 完成了吗? |
[1:35:28] | I cannot finish the test. | 我无法完成测试。 |
[1:35:30] | I have an appointment at usc. | 我usc有个预约。 |
[1:35:32] | it’s related to my scholarship. | 这和我的奖学金有关。 |
[1:35:34] | can’t that wait? | 不能让他们等等? |
[1:35:36] | no, it can’t. | 不,不行。 |
[1:35:38] | ok. did you fill out your i.d. card? | 好吧。你填好身份证了吗? |
[1:35:41] | yes. thank you. | 是的。谢谢你! |
[1:35:54] | ok… | 好吧…… |
[1:35:56] | pencils down. | 放下铅笔。 |
[1:36:25] | mr. escalante? | 埃斯卡兰特先生吗? |
[1:36:27] | mr. escalante, | 埃斯卡兰特先生, |
[1:36:29] | did you hear the news? | 你听到消息了吗? |
[1:36:31] | we got the computers. | 我们装电脑了。 |
[1:36:33] | yep. that’ll do it. | 是的。 |
[1:36:53] | jaime, they want to go over the test again, | 杰米,他们想再进行一次评卷, |
[1:36:57] | make sure there’s no misunderstandings. | 确保没有差错。 |
[1:37:04] | estelle, I’m going to the faculty meeting. | 埃斯特尔,我要去参加员工会议。 |
[1:37:07] | thank you. | 谢谢你! |
[1:37:08] | misunderstanding again? | 又错了? |
[1:37:09] | can you call dr. ramirez? | 你能打电话给拉米雷斯博士吗? |
[1:37:11] | he’ll help us. | 他会帮助我们的。 |
[1:37:13] | he’s going to tell me the same thing, jaime. | 他也会告诉我同样的事情,杰米。 |
[1:37:16] | all right. i’ll call him. | 好吧。我会打电话给他。 |
[1:37:20] | icaray! | 好家伙! |
[1:37:36] | this is mr. molina calling again. | 我是莫利纳先生,我又打电话来了。 |
[1:37:41] | yes, I did. | 是的,是我。 |
[1:37:44] | oh, you do? | 哦,你弄好了? |
[1:37:46] | yes. yes, i’d like that very much. | 是的…是的…这样最好。 |
[1:37:49] | uh…uh… one moment. | 嗯…嗯…等一下。 |
[1:37:52] | yes, uh, yes. I’m aware of the scoring. | 是的…嗯…是的。我知道这种评分法。 |
[1:37:55] | 3 is a passing grade. 5 is a perfect grade. | 3分是及格。5分是满分。 |
[1:37:59] | yes. I’m ready. go ahead. | 是的。我准备好了。你说吧。 |
[1:38:01] | diaz, maria. 4分. | |
[1:38:05] | sinfuentes, mark. 5分. | |
[1:38:08] | navarra, jose. 4分. | |
[1:38:11] | I want the original scores reinstated. | 我还是喜欢原来那种分数。 |
[1:38:14] | santos, daniel. 4分. | |
[1:38:16] | escobar, guadalupe. 5分. | |
[1:38:19] | camejo, claudia. 4分. | |
[1:38:23] | ana delgado. 4分. | |
[1:38:26] | garcia, francisco. 3分. | |
[1:38:29] | fuentes, rafaela. 4分. | |
[1:38:32] | javier perales. 5分. | |
[1:38:36] | guitaro, armando. 4分. | |
[1:38:40] | angel guzman… | |
[1:38:42] | 5分. | |
[1:38:44] | estelle, hold the meeting. | 埃斯特尔,让他们不要散会。 |
[1:38:46] | we’re coming with great news. | 我们有超棒的消息宣布。 |
[1:38:48] | pernajas, juliana. 5分. | |
[1:38:52] | hernandez, alejandro. 4分. | |
[1:38:55] | castro, monica. 4分. | |
[1:39:02] | ?? some people hate and expect perfection ?? | 1982年,加菲尔德高中有18名学生 通过了ap微积分考试。 ??完美,有人既恨又爱?? |
[1:39:12] | ?? some people lie and demand the truth ?? | 1983年,加菲尔德高中有31名学生 通过了ap微积分考试。 ??真相,有人撒谎着追?? |
[1:39:17] | ?? gotta ask myself if it’s all deception ?? | 1984年,加菲尔德高中有63名学生 通过了ap微积分考试。 ??该问问自己,这是否都是欺骗?? |
[1:39:23] | ?? is this a natural thing ? ? | 1985年,加菲尔德高中有77名学生 通过了ap微积分考试。 ??我们所做的一切?? |
[1:39:29] | ?? that we all just do? ?? | 1986年,加菲尔德高中有78名学生 通过了ap微积分考试。 ??是不是自然如此??? |
[1:39:35] | ?? we take such pleasure from pain ?? | 1987年,加菲尔德高中有87名学生 通过了ap微积分考试。 |
[1:39:41] | ?? I’m just tired of playing that game ?? | |
[1:39:43] | ?? some things you’ve got to change ?? | |
[1:39:48] | ?? you’ve got to stand and deliver ?? | |
[1:39:52] | ?? with your body and soul ? ? | |
[1:39:55] | ?? stand and deliver ?? | |
[1:39:58] | ?? just give me something to hold ?? | |
[1:40:02] | ?? stand and deliver ?? | |
[1:40:06] | ?? if the truth can be told ?? | |
[1:40:10] | ?? we can make it together ? ? | |
[1:40:13] | ?? if you stand ?? | |
[1:40:16] | ?? stand and deliver ?? | |
[1:40:20] | ?? sometimes my mind drives me to distraction ?? | |
[1:40:24] | ?? I wanna shut all the windows ?? | |
[1:40:26] | ?? and lock the doors ?? | |
[1:40:35] | ?? every time I get a little bit of satisfaction ?? | |
[1:40:43] | ?? I see our world come tumblin’ to the floor ?? | |
[1:40:45] | ?? I know in this life ?? | |
[1:40:50] | ?? you gotta stand up for what feels right ?? | |
[1:40:58] | ?? each day and every night ?? | |
[1:41:05] | ?? you’ve got to stand and deliver ?? | |
[1:41:08] | ?? with your body and soul ? ? | |
[1:41:12] | ?? stand and deliver ?? | |
[1:41:15] | ?? just give me something to hold ?? | |
[1:41:18] | ?? stand and deliver ?? | |
[1:41:23] | ?? if the truth can be told ?? | |
[1:41:27] | ?? we can make it together ? ? | |
[1:41:30] | ?? if we stand and deliver ?? | |
[1:41:33] | ?? stand and deliver ?? | |
[1:41:37] | ?? I know in this life ?? | |
[1:41:41] | ?? you gotta stand up for what feels right ?? | |
[1:41:43] | ?? each day and every night ?? | |
[1:42:14] | ?? you’ve got to stand and deliver ?? | |
[1:42:17] | ?? with your body and soul ? ? | |
[1:42:21] | ?? stand and deliver ?? | |
[1:42:24] | ?? just give me something to hold ?? | |
[1:42:28] | ?? stand and deliver ?? | |
[1:42:32] | ?? so the truth can be told ?? | |
[1:42:36] | ?? we can make it together ? ? | |
[1:42:39] | ?? if we stand ?? | |
[1:42:42] | ?? if we stand and deliver ? ? | |
[1:42:46] | ?? stand and deliver ?? | |
[1:42:50] | ?? if the truth can be told ?? | |
[1:42:51] | ?? we can make it together… ?? | |
[1:42:54] | captioning made possible by warner bros. | |
[1:42:57] | captioning performed by the national captioning institute, inc. |