英文名称:Small Time Crooks
年代:2000
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:07] | May I help you? | 您要买什么? |
[02:09] | I’m looking for a box of chocolates. Something fancy, if you have it. | 买一盒巧克力, 那种好看的,有吗? |
[02:13] | – Is it for a gift? – Yeah. I want something fancy… | —送礼吗? —对。要好看点儿的 |
[02:17] | …and not too rich because she tends to put on a little blubber, the wife. | 味不要太冲, 因为我老婆喜欢放点鲸鱼油… |
[02:22] | – Uh-huh. – Around the thighs. | -在大腿上 |
[02:24] | What about this one? It’s really nice. It’s kind of rich. | 这个怎么样?这个好极了。 有点品味。 |
[02:27] | – It’s from Belgium. – From Belgium? | —比利时进口的。 —来自比利时吗? |
[02:30] | – It’s very pretty. – Yeah. | —漂亮极了。 |
[02:33] | – Hey, Frenchy, I’m home! – Who’s that? | —喂,法兰琪,我回来了 —你是谁啊? |
[02:36] | “Who’s that?” It’s the pope! | “你是谁?”我是教皇! |
[02:38] | – I always wanted to see your apartment. – Shh. | —我一直想参观一下你的家。 —嘘 |
[02:41] | – Who comes home every night? Me. – I’m watching Princess Diana. | —谁每天晚上回家?是我。 —我在看“公主戴安纳”。 |
[02:45] | Not again! How many times you gonna do that? | 别再看了!还要看多少遍? |
[02:48] | Look at those clothes. | 看看那些衣服。 |
[02:50] | I told you time and again, she got all that stuff discount. | 我跟你说了多少遍了, 她买那些东西都是打折的。 |
[02:54] | You think those kings and queens buy retail? It’s a known… | 你认为那些国王和王后买零售价吗? 这众所周… |
[02:59] | – Here, I got you some chocolates. – Chocolates? | —看,我买了巧克力。 —巧克力? |
[03:03] | You heard of chocolates? I got you chocolates. | 没听到我说巧克力吗? 我给你买了巧克力。 |
[03:06] | – How come? – What do you mean, “How come?” | —凭什么? —“凭什么?”,什么意思? |
[03:09] | These are from Belgium. They’re handmade by “Belgiumites.” | 这是从比利时进口的, “比利时鬼子”手工做的。 |
[03:12] | Tell it to the marines! You’re up to something. | 还是把这话和海军陆战队员说吧! 你肯定别有所图。 |
[03:15] | You get caught hitting on a waitress? | 是不是泡女服务员被逮住了? |
[03:18] | In 25 years of marriage, have I ever hit on anybody but you? | 我们结婚25中除了你, 我泡过别人吗? |
[03:22] | I don’t buy it, Ray. You got a scheme. You got a scheme! | 我不买你的帐,瑞. 你有阴谋。你一定有阴谋! |
[03:26] | Forget it! Get me dinner. They’re not for you. | 算了吧!把饭拿来。 巧克力不是给你的。 |
[03:29] | – I got you nothing. Just get me dinner. – Fine. | -就算什么也没给你买。把我的饭拿来吧。 -就这么着吧。 |
[03:31] | I want my dinner right now, and hurry up. | 我要马上吃饭,快点吧。 |
[03:35] | Before you make dinner, I gotta talk to you about something. | 你做饭前,我要和你谈点事。 |
[03:38] | What did I tell you? Here comes the commercial. | 你说什么来着? 商业广告来了吧。 |
[03:41] | – Frenchy, I need our 6,000 bucks. – What? | -法兰琪,我需要我们的6,000块钱。 -什么? |
[03:45] | – I gotta have our six G’s. – That’s our whole savings. | -我要我们的6千块。 -那可是我们全部的积蓄呀。 |
[03:49] | – Don’t get dramatic about it. – Ray, six G’s. That’s all we got, right? | -别太激动。 -瑞,6千。我们所有的钱,对吗? |
[03:53] | I got a brilliant idea. I’m gonna make us rich. | 我有一个特别棒的主意。 会使我们发财的。 |
[03:56] | How you gonna make us rich? Rob a bank? | 怎么发财?抢银行吗? |
[03:58] | How’d you know that? How’d you guess that? | 你怎么知道的? 你怎么猜到的? |
[04:00] | What? | 什么? |
[04:01] | First shot out of the box, you got it. | -真是电视上的头条新闻。你都知道了。 |
[04:04] | Is that why Tommy Beal’s coming over? And Denny? | 汤米·比尔要来咱们家就为这吗? 还有丹尼? |
[04:07] | What would you say if I told you… | 假如我告诉你,你会说什么? |
[04:10] | …that you were married to a very brilliant man? | 会说你嫁给了一个绝顶聪明的老公? |
[04:13] | – I’d say I’d have to be a bigamist. – This is foolproof. | -我会说我必须犯重婚罪了。 -这个计划连傻瓜干都不会出错的。 |
[04:17] | You told me you were finished with that life. | 你说过这种生活结束了。 |
[04:19] | I’ve been finished with it. But look at me. | 是结束了,可你看看我。 |
[04:22] | I kick around from stupid job to job. | 我干的工作个个愚蠢,天天瞎混。 |
[04:24] | – You like the way we’re living? – It beats your former residence. | -你喜欢我们现在的生活吗? -比你以前住的监狱强。 |
[04:27] | Think I like spending our anniversary staring at you through glass… | 想想,我喜欢在我们结婚记念日 透过玻璃盯着你… |
[04:30] | …talking over a phone? | 必须通过电话谈话,是吗? |
[04:32] | Frenchy, you stood by me. Granted, you stood by me. | 法兰琪,你是支持我的。 你说过的,站在我一边。 |
[04:36] | Two years in the joint I waited for you. And what did I get for it? | 我在酒吧等了你2年, 我等到了什么? |
[04:39] | You got Belgian chocolates. What’s wrong with that? | 你得到了比利时巧克力。 这有什么问题吗? |
[04:43] | God, I’ve got an idea and this is so incredible. | 上帝呀,我想到一个主意, 这太不可思议了 |
[04:46] | But we need seed money for this plan. We need 18,000 bucks. | 可我们的计划要本钱。我们需要18,000块。 |
[04:52] | Denny’s kickin’ in six, Tommy’s kickin’ in six, and I gotta put in my six. | 丹尼出6千,汤米出6千,我得出我那6千。 |
[04:56] | – Where are those bums gonna get that kind of stake? -They’re not bums. | -那些混混上哪搞这笔钱? -他们不是混混。 |
[04:59] | – Maybe they didn’t go to Harvard. – Harvard? | -可能因为他们没上过哈佛。 -哈佛? |
[05:01] | They never completed kindergarten because they were drafted. | 他们连幼儿园都没毕业, 因为他们应征入“帮”了。 |
[05:04] | You’re such a snob, Frenchy. | 你真太势利眼了,法兰琪 |
[05:06] | For God’s sakes! Denny’s not stupid’cause he drives a truck. | 看在上帝的份上,丹尼不傻,因为他会开卡车。 |
[05:09] | No, he’s stupid because he has a low I.Q. Come on, out of the way. | 他傻,因为他智商低。 算了,别挡道。 |
[05:12] | – Oh, I’d like to just flatten you once! – Oh, yeah. | -我真想再扁你一次。 -噢,是吗。 |
[05:15] | Tommy’s got street smarts. | 汤米对街面上的事很聪明。 |
[05:17] | He is street smart. His brain’s got potholes. | 他马路上聪明,因为他脑子里有路上的坑。 |
[05:20] | You with the wisecracks! She’s got an answer for everything. | 你真会说俏皮话。 她什么话都对答有术。 |
[05:25] | Forget it! I’m not spending our last few bucks! | 算了! 我决不会花最后那几块钱的! |
[05:27] | I got my end. I told you I could match you. | 我搞到了我那份。 我说过,和你有一比。 |
[05:29] | You overmatched him. He can’t get his end. | 你赢他了。 他不能拿到他那份。 |
[05:32] | Frenchy, I’ve gotta have that money! | 法兰琪,我必须拿到这笔钱! |
[05:34] | For a heist? Pass. Maybe if you needed a quadruple bypass. | 为了抢钱吗?拉倒吧。 或许你需要出城凉快一下。 |
[05:37] | – This is a brilliant thing! – No, Ray really is a genius! | -这一个十拿九稳的事 -这不是事,是人,瑞真是个天才! |
[05:41] | – Compared to you this chair is a genius. – This is a plan of a great mind. | -和你比,这把椅子是天才。 -这计划出自伟大的头脑。 |
[05:44] | This is precise, mathematical. It’s hard to believe you’re just a dishwasher. | 这个计划精确,按数学计算的。 你还是洗碗工,真让人不敢相信。 |
[05:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢。 |
[05:51] | I don’t get your “agreeance” on this, I count to three, there’s gonna be trouble. | 如果你不“肯首”这事, 我数到3,就有麻烦了。 |
[05:54] | You can count to 53! I did a lot of nails for that money, and it’s all we got. | 你可以数到53! 我给人修了多少指甲才挣了这些钱,这是我们所有的钱了。 |
[05:59] | – That’s what you want to do all your life? Nails? -Take a hike, okay? | 你一生就想做这事吗? 修指甲?别干了,好吗? |
[06:02] | – I’m telling you, I’m countin’. – Oh, yeah? | -我在跟你说呢,我要数了。 -噢,数啊? |
[06:05] | – Lf I lose it, you’re gone. – Oh, I’m quaking in my panty hose. | -如果我控制不住,你就衰了。 -是吗,我的腿在袜子中在发抖哎。 |
[06:09] | You’re embarrassing me in front of my friends. | 你让在我朋友面前下不了台。 |
[06:12] | – Who said you could have my cookies? – I can’t have a cookie? | -谁让你吃我的饼干了? -我不能吃饼干吗? |
[06:14] | – What’s up? – Did you get your share? | -怎么样? -拿到你那份了吗? |
[06:16] | My share of what? Yeah, I got it. I sold some stuff. | 我的什么份? 喔,明白了。我卖了点东西。 |
[06:19] | – What’d you sell? – A rented car. | -卖了什么? -租来的车。 |
[06:21] | – He can’t get his end. She won’t give it to him. – I can get my end! | -他没拿到他那份。她不给他。 -我能搞到我那份的! |
[06:25] | The candy didn’t work? You said you’d have her eatin’ out of your hand. | 糖果不好使吧? 你说要让她拿着你的手吃的。 |
[06:28] | Will you shut up? | 闭嘴,行吗? |
[06:30] | All that’s missing from this guy is a piece of velvet and a pet mouse. | 这家伙所缺的就是一块天鹅绒布和一只宠物老鼠。 |
[06:33] | Frenchy, gimme the money. | 法兰琪,把钱给我。 |
[06:35] | I wouldn’t invest our last six thou if you had a legit idea… | 我不会投资这最后的6千, 如果你没有一个说得过去的主意, |
[06:38] | …much less something that’s gonna land the three of you jerks back in stir. | 不要让你们三个蠢货太兴奋。 |
[06:41] | You said you called the shots around here. | 你刚才说你是当家的。 |
[06:44] | Will you knock it off! | 歇菜吧,你! |
[06:46] | Frenchy, that money’s mine. | 法兰琪,那钱是我的。 |
[06:49] | It’s mine. I earned it, and I’m saving it for an emergency. | 是我的。是我挣的。 这钱是应急的。 |
[06:52] | – But I’m your husband. – Oh, take a hike. | —可我是你老公啊。 —噢,一边去。 |
[06:54] | Frenchy, I’m gonna get violent! | 法兰琪,我要动粗了! |
[06:58] | Please! With your hernia? | 来吧!把吃奶劲使出来。 |
[07:00] | Fellas, I can’t do it. It’s over. Forget it. | 兄弟,我做不来这个。 完了。这事算了。 |
[07:03] | You said you’re the boss. | 你说过你是老板的。 |
[07:05] | Stop telling me what I said, for crying out loud! | 别告诉我我曾说过什么, 瞎嚷嚷什么。 |
[07:08] | It’s over. Let the bank lay there. Let someone else do it. | 结束了。让银行放在那吧。 让其它人做吧。 |
[07:12] | – I gotta get some air. I’m going up on the roof. – Don’t jump! | —我要吸点空气,我上房顶。 —别跳楼啊! |
[07:15] | – You’re too valuable as a dishwasher. – Ah, knock it off! | —你这个洗碗工可有价值了。 —啊,一边儿去。 |
[07:20] | – Frenchy, can I have another cookie? – No! | —法兰琪,我能再来一块饼干吗? —不行! |
[07:22] | I want one. | 我要一块。 |
[07:30] | All right, tell me your idea. | 好吧,说说你的想法。 |
[07:35] | I told you my idea. You shot it down. | 我说过,但你给枪毙了。 |
[07:38] | – You gonna tell me, or are you gonna have a tantrum? -For God’s sakes! | —你要么告诉我,要么继续生闷气? —看在上帝的份上! |
[07:41] | For some reason you’re always shooting down my dreams. | 你总是莫名其妙地屠杀我的梦想。 |
[07:45] | Because you get the kind of dreams people get… | 因为你的梦通常是那些… |
[07:47] | …after putting opium in their brownies. | 把鸦片放到巧克力蛋糕里的人做的梦。 |
[07:49] | Can I for one minute tell you about this bank? | 给我一分钟,让我说说那家银行好吗? |
[07:52] | You’re not a bank robber. | 你不是个抢银行专家。 |
[07:54] | You got a two-year mandatory vacation that proved that. | 你享受的两年法厅判决的假期 证明你不是抢银行的料。 |
[07:56] | What I’m not is a stickup man. That’s all we proved. | 我不那种大喊叫别人举起手来别动的人。 能证明的只是这一点而已。 |
[07:59] | When I hit that bank that time, we were inexperienced. | 那次我干银行时,我们没经验。 |
[08:03] | The whole group of us put on rubber masks. | 我们这帮人戴着塑料面具。 |
[08:06] | They were all Ronald Reagan masks. It was confusing. | 所有的面具都是罗纳德·里根。互相分不出来。 |
[08:09] | I didn’t know who was who. | 我都不知道谁是谁了。 |
[08:11] | You’re lucky your lawyer knew the judge. | 你走运,你的律师认识那个法官。 |
[08:13] | Can I please tell you my idea, Frenchy? | 拜托!法兰琪,听我说我的主意好吗? |
[08:15] | I noticed a few weeks ago, a couple doors down from the bank… | 几星期前我注意到银行旁边的几个店门中, |
[08:20] | …there’s a pizza joint that folded. | 一个比萨店关张了 |
[08:22] | A little hole in the wall. And it’s for rent, Frenchy. It’s for rent. | 墙上有一个小洞。店在出租, 法兰琪,店在出租呢. |
[08:26] | Then it hits me. And, believe me, I’m no genius. | 之后,我突然想到了这个主意。 相信我,我绝不是天才。 |
[08:31] | You don’t have to sell me. | 你不必向我炫耀。 |
[08:33] | What I figure is, we tunnel under. | 我想我们在下面挖地道。 |
[08:36] | We take the pizza joint, tunnel under, we come up under the vault of the bank. | 我们拿下比萨店,在下面挖, 上来就是银行的储宝室。 |
[08:40] | I know the layout ’cause I used to know a guard. I got diagrams! | 我知道银行的布局,因为 我曾认识一个警卫。搞到了平面图。 |
[08:43] | We clean out the vault, we go to Florida. | 我们把储宝库拿光,就去佛罗里达。 |
[08:46] | Ray, we’re poor but we’re happy, ain’t we? | 瑞,我们是穷,但我们快乐,对不对? |
[08:49] | We’re not happy. You’re always complaining. | 我们不快乐。你总是抱怨。 |
[08:51] | Are you happy doing cuticles? Is that the way you want to spend your life? | 你给人修指甲快乐吗? 这就是你想要过的生活吗? |
[08:55] | My mother told me. She said, “Don’t get involved with a guy from the rackets.” | 我妈告诉我。她说, “千万不要和做偏门的搅在一起。” |
[09:00] | What’s wrong with you? We had dreams. I don’t know what’s gotten into you. | 你这是怎么了?我曾有梦想。 真不知道你脑子进了什么东西了。 |
[09:04] | – Did we not have dreams when I first met you? -Yeah. | —我第一次遇到你时,我们没有梦想吗? |
[09:07] | Yes, granted, I was in the rackets. I was running numbers. | 你赢了。 我干的是偏门。 那时我做非法彩票。 |
[09:11] | You were an exotic dancer. We fell in love, your parents didn’t approve. | 你是一个跳外国味的舞女。 我们恋爱了,你父母不同意。 |
[09:14] | I tried to go legit. I couldn’t make a go of the pet cemetery. | 我尝试过学好的。 可连宠物坟地都干不好。 |
[09:18] | What do you want me to do? But, but… | 你要我干什么? |
[09:20] | Frenchy, this pizza place is Just waiting for us. | 法兰琪,这个比萨店正等着我们呢。 |
[09:24] | It’s gonna look suspicious, a group of guys drilling in an empty store. | 会被人怀疑的, 几个家伙在一个空店里打钻。 |
[09:29] | That’s where you come in. You front the place. | 所以要你来,你负责前面。 |
[09:32] | – What? – You front it. You make pizzas. | —什么? —你站前面。做比萨。 |
[09:35] | With what? I can’t cook pizzas. | 做什么?我不会做比萨。 |
[09:37] | Cook cookies! What’s the difference? | 做饼干!有什么区别呢? |
[09:40] | Or you tell fortunes. You look like a Gypsy. Or make it a travel agency. | 或者你算命。你像个吉普赛人。 或办个旅行社。 |
[09:44] | You work there, and we’ll tunnel under into the bank. | 你在那工作, 我们在下面挖通向银行的隧道 |
[09:48] | – God. – Frenchy, come here, come here. | —上帝。 —法兰琪,过来过来。 |
[09:51] | – See this? See how beautiful this is? – Yeah. | —看见这个了吗?多漂亮? —是漂亮。 |
[09:53] | See what you’re seeing there? It’s not just New Jersey. | 看,你在那看到什么了? 这不仅仅是新泽西。 |
[09:56] | When we first met, there was a sunset just like this. Remember that? | 我们初次见面时, 落日就像这样。想起来了? |
[10:01] | Yeah. In New Jersey. But in Columbia there was an earthquake. | 想起来了。在新泽西。 可在哥伦比亚有地震。 |
[10:05] | Sorry, but the location was taken by someone else. | 很遗憾。这地方已经让另外的人租了。 |
[10:08] | What? | 什么? |
[10:09] | They made a deal yesterday. I told you, if you waited too long… | 昨天达成的协议。 我告诉过您,如果等的时间太长… |
[10:14] | Who did? Who took the place? | 是谁租的?谁把这地拿走了? |
[10:17] | Gimme… You got the name? | 给我。你知道姓名吗? |
[10:20] | Mrs. Nettie Goldberg. | 奈蒂·金博太太 |
[10:22] | Jesus! For what? | 主啊!干什么买卖? |
[10:25] | I believe a flower shop. | 我想是花店。 |
[10:27] | A flower shop! | 花店! |
[10:31] | It’s a little old lady. | 是个小老太太。 |
[10:33] | Her husband died, and she wants to make the joint into a flower shop. | 她丈夫死了,打算把那店作个花店。 |
[10:37] | – That don’t make no difference. Somebody’s got to get to her. – To get to her and what? | —这不重要。得有人进去找她。 —找她,然后怎么样? |
[10:40] | Beg her, con her, trick her. | 求她,哄她,骗她。 |
[10:42] | I’m gonna go to her shop and threaten her. | 我去她的店威胁她。 |
[10:45] | – You can’t threaten her. That’s all we need… – Don’t do that. | —你不能威胁她。我们只要。。。 —不能这么做。 |
[10:48] | – I gotta figure a way to talk to her. – And say what? | —我得想个法子和她谈谈。 —说什么? |
[10:51] | If her husband just died, what are you gonna say? You need a plan. | 如果她丈夫刚死了,你会说什么? 你需要一个计划。 |
[10:54] | Right. | 对。 |
[10:55] | I gotta figure something. I’ll charm her. | 我得想个法子。我迷住她。 |
[10:58] | – What are you gonna use for charm? – Knock it off. We’re serious. | —你用什么咒语? —别废话。我们是认真的。 |
[11:02] | Some master plan. You don’t even have the lease. | 想个大师级计划。 你连租赁合同都没有。 |
[11:05] | I’m gonna get the lease. That’s what this is about. | 我要搞个租赁合同。 不就这回事吗。 |
[11:07] | You guys are gonna rob a bank, and some old lady has the joint first. What a hoot. | 你们这帮家伙要抢银行, 而某个老太太先得到了这个店。多可笑。 |
[11:11] | – That’s very funny. | 是很滑稽。 |
[11:16] | – I’m gonna slam your head off. Jesus! – Hey! | —我把你脑袋打成西八烂。主啊! —嗨! |
[11:19] | The bank isn’t even next to the pizza joint. | 银行也不在比萨店隔壁。 |
[11:22] | I told you that before. That’s what’s great about it. | 我以前说过。就是因为这个, 我的计划才如此伟大。 |
[11:24] | Why? | 为什么? |
[11:26] | ‘Cause there’s nothing suspicious. | 因为没什么可怀疑的。 |
[11:29] | The only thing suspicious is your sanity. | 唯一可怀疑的是你的智商。 |
[11:31] | When did any of you guys dig a tunnel? | 你们中谁以前挖过隧道? |
[11:34] | It’s no big deal. | 这小事一桩。 |
[11:36] | You really underestimate Ray’s personality. | 你真低估了瑞的品格。 |
[11:38] | He’s one of the most likable dishwashers I’ve ever met. | 他是我见过的最受欢迎的洗碗工。 |
[11:41] | Don’t pay any attention to her. We’re gonna proceed. | 别理她。我们接着干。 |
[12:24] | – Uh… – Yeah? | —什么事? |
[12:26] | I’m lookin’ for Nettie Goldberg. | 我在找奈蒂·金博. |
[12:29] | – Who wants her? – Uh, I got something for her. | —谁找她 —我有东西给她。 |
[12:32] | I want to make her an offer. A big offer. Big dough. Big dough! | 我要和她谈生意, 一笔大买卖。挣大钱。大钱! |
[12:39] | Come on in. | 进来。 |
[12:47] | – I’m Nettie Goldberg. – I know you. | —我就是奈蒂·金博 —我认识你。 |
[12:51] | You’re Benny from cell block eight! | 你是第8号牢房的苯尼。 |
[12:55] | – Oh, God, Ray! How are you? – Ray! | —上帝啊,瑞!你好吗? —瑞! |
[12:58] | – You’re lookin’ at me like I’m a stranger. – Small world! I’m sorry. | —你看我好像我是个陌生人。 —世界太小了!对不起。 |
[13:01] | Come in. Small world. | 进来吧。世界太小。 |
[13:04] | You took the lease on that empty store? | 你把那家空店租下了? |
[13:06] | Yeah. I’m gonna open a flower shop. | 是。我想开家花店。 |
[13:08] | What’re you gonna do with a flowershop? | 开花店干什么? |
[13:10] | Burn it down. | 一把火烧了它。 |
[13:12] | Burnit down? You’re still burning stuff down for insurance? | 烧了?你还在烧东西弄保险吗? |
[13:15] | I burn everything. That’s how I sent two kids through college. | 我什么都烧。 用这法子才把两个孩子送入大学的。 |
[13:18] | That’s crazy. There’s no money in that. | 我真昏了头,这也没钱赚的。 |
[13:20] | Benny, you gotta come in with us. | 苯尼,你得和我们干。 |
[13:24] | – Who’s “us”? – “Who’s us”? What are you so suspicious for? | —我们是谁? —我们是谁?你还瞎怀疑什么? |
[13:28] | You don’t trust me? It’s me, Ray. | 你不信我吗? 是我,瑞. |
[13:30] | – Remember my nick name in the joint? – The Brain? | —还记得我里面的外号吗? —智多星? |
[13:33] | The Brain. That’s what the guys used to call me. I got… | 智多星。里面的人就是这样叫我的。我得此。。 |
[13:36] | But, Ray, that was sarcastic. | 可,瑞,那是讽刺。 |
[13:38] | – That wasn’t sarcastic, that was real. – No, it was sarcastic. | —不是讽刺,是真的。 —不,就是讽刺。 |
[13:42] | – There was nothing sarcastic about it! – No, really, it was. | —这个名字没什么讽刺的! —不,真的,是讽刺你 |
[13:44] | – It was real. I was The Brain. – No, it was sarcastic. | —这是真的。我就是智多星。 —不,是讽刺 |
[13:49] | – It wasn’t sarcastic. – Oh, my God! | —不是讽刺 —哦,上帝啊! |
[13:51] | Oh, my God! It was sarcastic! | 哦,我的上帝! 是讽刺! |
[13:56] | – Fellas, this is Benny. He’s in. – Benny? Looks like a cop to me. | —弟兄们,这是苯尼。他参加我们。 —苯尼?我觉得像警察。 |
[14:01] | – How you doin’? – Good. Nice to meet you. | —你好吗? —不错。高兴见到你。 |
[14:03] | – You know you’re workin’ with a genius? – I told him that. | —知道吗,你在和天才工作? —这个我告诉他了。 |
[14:06] | I mean, we’re all smart, but he wears glasses. | 我是说,我们都很聪明, 但他戴眼镜。 |
[14:11] | – What’s good? Pine, right? – Oak. | —有什么用?松树,对吗? —橡树。 |
[14:13] | Redwood is what woodpeckers peck on. It’s the strongest. | 啄木鸟啄的是红木。 所以红木最结实。 |
[14:18] | – That makes good trees, right? – Yeah. | —啄木鸟成就了好树,对吧? —对。 |
[14:20] | This looks good. This is good stuff. | 看上去不错。是好料. |
[14:23] | Look how long it is. We could build a house with this. | 看有多长。 可以造所房子了。 |
[14:25] | – We’re just building a tunnel, right? – Whoa, whoa. | —我们只造隧道,是吧? —吁,打住。 |
[14:28] | – Like a house. This is good stuff. – A house, yeah. | -像房子。这材料不错。 -一间房子,明白了。 |
[14:31] | How much is that? | 这个多少钱? |
[14:33] | – A thousand bucks. – A thousand bucks a box! Jesus! | -1000块。 -一盒1000块!主啊! |
[14:36] | – How many sticks in a box? – Fifty. | -一盒有几支? -50支。 |
[14:39] | My God, this is robbery. This is unbelievable. | 我的上帝,这是抢劫。 不可思议。 |
[14:44] | What do we need all this dynamite for? | 我们要这些炸药做什么? |
[14:46] | What do we need the dynamite for? Just be careful… | 我们要这些炸药做什么? 小心点… |
[15:08] | – Ahh. – Can I have one of these and one of these? | 这个给我一个,那个给我一个。 |
[15:11] | – Uh, okay. One of these? – Mm-hmm. | -行。这个? -嗯 |
[15:14] | – One of these. Okay. You want a bag? – No, that’s okay. | -这个来一个。好的。要个袋子吗? -不要,这就行了。 |
[15:17] | – I haven’t got a bag. You’ll take’em like this? -That’s fine. | -我没有袋子。你就像这样拿走? -无关系。 |
[15:21] | It’s gonna be a lot of work, fellas. | 兄弟们,要干的活可不少啊。 |
[15:23] | But when it’s over, we’re gonna be all very well compensated. | 完事后,我们会得到很好补偿的。 |
[15:26] | – Who’s gonna work the drill? – What do you mean? | -谁操作电钻? -什么意思? |
[15:29] | I don’t know how to work a drill like that. | 我不知道怎么用这种钻。 |
[15:33] | There’s nothing to that. | 没什么,简单得很。 |
[15:35] | Whoever’s gonna work the drill, I’ll tell you now… | 谁使电钻的,我告诉你现在… |
[15:37] | …it’s gonna make a lot of noise. | 电钻会产生很大的噪音。 |
[15:39] | No, no. What do you think this is? | 天啊。你把这当成什么东西了? |
[15:42] | This is why I get the big dough. We wrap this blanket around it, it’s fine. | 所以我要拿大头。我们用地毯把它包上,很好。 |
[15:46] | You gotta know how to work a drill like that. | 你应知道怎么用这种电钻。 |
[15:48] | Whoa, take it easy. Shut it off. | 吁,放松。关上它。 |
[15:56] | Will you guys shut up? What did you do, tear a wall down? | 你们这帮家伙闭嘴,好吗? 你们干什么,拆墙呢? |
[16:00] | – We ain’t started yet. – What do you mean? | -我们还没开始呢。 -什么意思? |
[16:02] | What are you waiting for, the drilling season? | 你等什么呢,打钻季吗? |
[16:05] | Do me a favor. Go upstairs and bake. | 拜托,上楼烤饼干去。 |
[16:08] | You know, l… I don’t need any help. | 我不需要任何帮助。 |
[16:11] | – You got it? – No. You better brace me. | -明白了? -没明白。你最好撑着我点儿。 |
[16:19] | Guys! What are you doing? | 你们干什么呢? |
[16:26] | Come on, get that thing! Get that thing! | 快点,抓住那个东西! 抓住那个东西! |
[16:29] | You got it? Okay, hold it. | 明白了?好,拿住它。 |
[16:45] | Could we have a half dozen of the chocolate cinnamon? | 要半打巧克力桂皮饼干。 |
[16:49] | We’re closed… for Easter. | 关门了,复活节 |
[16:51] | – That was three months ago. – Greek Easter. | -可复活节是3个月前 -希腊的复活节。 |
[16:54] | – Well, that was two months ago. – Chinese Easter! We’re closed, okay? | -可那也是2个月前啊 -中国复活节!我们关门了,行吗? |
[16:57] | I’d like a cookie for my daughter. Honey, what kind do you want? | 我想给我女儿要一块饼干。 亲爱的,你要哪种? |
[17:00] | All right! Come on, have a cookie. Sure, take a cookie. | 好吧!快点,拿一块 好,吃一块 |
[17:05] | – How you doin’? – Oh, hi. | -生意好吗? -哦,你好。 |
[17:07] | – You still open? – Yeah, yeah, sure. Sure. | -还开门呢? -是,是,当然当然。 |
[17:10] | – Give me two cherry cinnamon. – Cherry cinnamon, right. | -给我2块樱桃桂皮饼干。 -樱桃桂皮,好的。 |
[17:14] | – New here, huh? – Just opened today, yeah. | -新来的,啊? -今天刚营业,是。 |
[17:16] | What’s all that noise in the back? | 后面那些噪音怎么回事? |
[17:19] | Oh, that’s the, uh, cookie press. Needs oil, you know. | 哦,是..哦,饼干压缩机。 缺油了,是吧。 |
[17:23] | – There’s a slight leak. – This is our plumber. | -有点漏水。 -这是我们的管工。 |
[17:26] | – I’m the plumber. There’s a tiny leak. – How’s it goin’? | -我是管工。有点儿漏水。 -怎么样? |
[17:29] | – What do I owe you? – Oh, no charge. | -多少钱? -哦,不要钱了。 |
[17:31] | – Thanks a lot. Take it easy. – I gotta get some sandbags. | -多谢了。别着急。 -我要些沙袋。 |
[17:35] | The cookies, they’re 85 cents. | 这些饼干,共85美分。 |
[17:38] | – Somebody get the sandbags. – Just relax. You’re a perfect fit. | -去拿沙袋来 -放松放松。你堵上正适合。 |
[17:41] | – Where the hell are the sandbags? – Just relax! | -沙袋他妈的在哪儿? -放松放松! |
[17:47] | Okay, so we got off to a shaky start. | 我们开始就不顺。 |
[17:50] | Yeah, I’d say it was shaky. | 我说是倒霉。 |
[17:52] | There’s gonna be glitches. No question about it. So what? | 小差小错是免不了的。下面怎样办? |
[17:55] | Tomorrow bring a bathing suit. | 明天带游泳衣来。 |
[17:57] | I’m not discouraged ’cause I don’t get discouraged. | 我不泄气因为我不变得泄气。 |
[18:01] | You know, there was a woman on before. She’s got over 200 pairs of shoes. | 前面还上来个女人,她有200多双鞋。 |
[18:06] | Don’t worry. You’re gonna get yours, Frenchy. I promise you. | 别担心。你也会有的。 法兰琪,我保证。 |
[18:09] | You’re gonna be fine. This time, a month or two, we’ll be in Miami. | 你会好的。 一两个月后的这个时候,我们就在迈阿密了。 |
[18:12] | It’ll be great. | 太好了。 |
[18:14] | A patron of the arts. Doesn’t that sound great? | 艺术守护人。 听起来太好了,不是吗? |
[18:17] | – Frenchy… – Opening night at the opera. | -法兰琪 -歌剧的首场演出 |
[18:20] | I love you. Can I tell you this? I love you. | 我爱你。我可以和你说这话吗? 我爱你。 |
[18:22] | You know why? ‘Cause you back me all the time, you stand by me. | 知道为什么吗?因为你一直支持我, 站在我一边。 |
[18:26] | You know when I first knew I loved you? | 知道我第一次爱上你, 是在什么时候吗? |
[18:28] | This was a long time ago. | 很久以前了。 |
[18:30] | Remember I taught you how to open a safe by moving the tumblers? | 还记得我教你开保险柜? |
[18:35] | And you got it. | 你学会了。 |
[18:37] | You’re a very romantic man. And I’m a lucky woman… | 你是一个非常浪漫的男人。 我是一个幸运的女人。 |
[18:41] | …because not many wives get to see their husbands… | 因为不是所有妻子都能看到丈夫… |
[18:44] | …battling a ruptured water main. | 和爆裂的大水管较劲。 |
[18:46] | – I’m crazy about you. – Crazy about you, darling. | -我为你着迷。 -为你着迷,亲爱的。 |
[18:50] | – Here, Benny. – Go ahead, put it in the bag. | -这,苯尼. -继续,放在袋子里。 |
[18:53] | – I’ll give it to you… – He puts it in the bag! | -我会把它给你… -他把它放进袋子中了! |
[18:56] | – Right, so it don’t make no noise. – This is efficiency. | -没错啊,这样就不会有一点儿声音了。 -这叫效率。 |
[18:59] | What the hell… What are you putting it in his shovel for? | 你到底…把这放到他的铁锹里干什么? |
[19:01] | – He puts it in the bag. – It’s call efficiency, my friend. | -他把它放到袋子里。 -这称为效率,朋友。 |
[19:04] | – Teamwork. – It saves energy. | -团队合作 -这样省劲 |
[19:07] | I’ve got chocolate chip here. | 我这有巧克力薯片 |
[19:10] | I’ll take a chocolate chip. | 我来一片巧克力薯片 |
[19:12] | – The little girl was first. What do you want? -Chocolate fudge. | -那女孩在前面。你要什么? -巧克力法奇 |
[19:15] | Okay. You can only have two. | 好的。你只能要两块。 |
[19:17] | – What are you stopping for? – I’m trying to figure this out. | -怎么停下来了? -我要想想。 |
[19:22] | I think, according to this, we’re supposed to take a left turn. | 我想,按照这图,我们本应向左转。 |
[19:25] | That doesn’t mean stop. Let’s go. | 这不说停止。 接着干。 |
[19:28] | Will you give me… What the hell are you doing? | 给我…你到底在干什么? |
[19:31] | – What do you mean? – You’ve got your hat on backwards. | -你什么意思? -你的帽子戴反了。 |
[19:34] | So? | 怎么样? |
[19:36] | “So?” The flashlight goes in the front. | “怎么样?”聚光灯要照前面。 |
[19:39] | It looks cooler like this. | 这样戴更酷。 |
[19:41] | Are you a jerk? What do you mean it looks cooler? | 你脑子坏了? 看上去更酷什么意思? |
[19:43] | It’s more stylish than that. Look at that. | 这样比那样更时髦。 看这儿。 |
[19:47] | – You think so? – Yeah. Turn it around. | -你这样想? -好吧。调过来。 |
[19:49] | This is chic like this. Look at that. That’s cool. | 像这样叫时髦。 看这儿。酷吧。 |
[19:53] | – You got a mirror? – I don’t got a mirror. That looks good. | -有镜子吗? -没有。看上去不错。 |
[19:56] | – Look at yourself. I’ll show you when we get out. – All right. | -看看你自己。出去后再做给你看。 -好的。 |
[20:00] | – Can you keep going? – All right! I’m trying to figure the map out! | -我们继续向前吗? -行了!我要研究一下地图。 |
[20:03] | One? Two? | 一?二? |
[20:06] | Okay, everybody, hold on. That’s $1.70. Thank you very much. | 大家等会儿。 你是1.7元。谢谢。 |
[20:10] | Thank you, thank you. Okay, yeah. | 谢谢,谢谢。好的,是的。 |
[20:14] | What are you guys gonna do with your share? | 你们要用你们那份做什么? |
[20:17] | How much is my share? | 我那份有多少? |
[20:19] | I figure it’s gotta be two million, right? | 我算是两百万,对吧? |
[20:22] | I’m countin’ the jewelry in there too. | 我也把那的珠宝算上了。 |
[20:25] | Then divided four ways, that’s a half million bucks apiece. | 然后分成4份,每份50万美元。 |
[20:29] | – What about Frenchy? – What about Frenchy? She’s just a front. | -法兰琪不算吗? -法兰琪不算吗?她只不过是前卫。 |
[20:33] | But with out Frenchy we’re dead. | 可没有法兰琪,我们就死定了。 |
[20:35] | We can get any broad to sell cookies. Jeez. | 我们随便找个娘们卖饼干。哼。 |
[20:38] | I say she gets a share, but not a full share. | 我说她要得一份,但不是完整一份。 |
[20:41] | I’d go for that. | 我同意。 |
[20:43] | What if we each get a fourth and she gets like a third? | 我们每人拿1/4,她拿1/3样子,如何? |
[20:46] | Are you nuts? Then she’d be getting more than us. | 你呆啊?这样她就比我们多了。 |
[20:48] | – How do you figure? -Where you gonna get four fourths and a third? | -你怎么算的? -你怎么算出4个1/4和1个1/3? |
[20:52] | – Can’t you add? – I don’t do fractions. | -你不会加法吗? -我不会分数。 |
[20:55] | Let’s not get greedy. Remember that movie with Humphrey Bogart… | 我们不要太贪。 记得傻瓜波格特那个电影吗? |
[20:58] | …when they’re diggin’ for gold in the mountains? | 他们在大山里挖金子? |
[21:01] | They find the gold and they all get rich. | 他们找到了金子,都富了。 |
[21:03] | Then this guy goes nuts and he turns on his friends. Let’s not let that happen here. | 然后这个家伙发神经,反脸不认朋友。 我们可不要发生这样的事。 |
[21:07] | Then he gets killed by Hispanics. | 结果他被西班牙人杀死了。 |
[21:09] | – What is it? The Treasure of… – Treasure Island. | -什么电影来着?金银… -金银岛。 |
[21:12] | – Treasure Island! That’s right. That was a good movie. – It was the best. | -金银岛!就是它。这电影好。 -是最好 |
[21:16] | Okay, folks, here’s the deal. | 就这么定了吧。 |
[21:18] | I’m out of cookies, okay? | 我没有饼干了,明白吗? |
[21:21] | It’s gonna be like another two minutes… | 大概还要2分钟… |
[21:23] | …so that’s the way the cookie crumbles, okay? | 饼干就是这样没了的,明白了? |
[21:26] | I got one cookie left. You know who’s gonna eat this? Me. | 还剩下一块。 你们知道谁会吃呢?我。 |
[21:31] | I gotta put on help. | 我要找人帮忙。 |
[21:34] | – Help? – Yeah. I can’t handle the volume. | -找帮手? -是。量太大,我处理不了。 |
[21:37] | A second person you wanna put on? | 你要找第二个人? |
[21:41] | I can’t help it, Ray. The cookies are selling. | 我控制不了,瑞. 饼干卖得太火了。 |
[21:44] | Gee, I never counted on that. You know, you gotta manage it somehow. | 呦嚯,这倒没算计到。 你要想法经营一下。 |
[21:49] | What about my cousin May? We can trust her. | 我的表姐梅,怎样? 可以相信她。 |
[21:52] | May’s a dodo. I’m gonna bring a dodo into a master plan? | 梅,傻子一个。 把一个傻子带进大师级的计划中吗? |
[21:56] | She’s not a squealer. | 她不会告密。 |
[21:58] | She’s not a squealer, but then we’d have to cut her in. | 她是不会告密, 但不得不让她卷进来, |
[22:01] | Meanwhile, the pot’s getting smaller and smaller. | 还有,这锅里的肉正变得越来越少了。 |
[22:04] | I can’t cook and sell at the same time. | 我不能同时又做又卖。 |
[22:07] | It’s a madhouse. We’ll get caught. | 这里人多太乱,我们会被抓的。 |
[22:10] | Hey, wait a minute. You know what we could do? | 嘿,等会儿。我知道怎么办了。 |
[22:13] | We could hire May and not tell her what we’re doin’. | 我们可以雇用梅, 却不告诉她我们在做什么.. |
[22:17] | ‘Cause she’ll never catch on. She’s got, you know… And, and… | 因为她永远不会明白。 她有点那个..你知道的.. |
[22:22] | – We’re making enough dough from the cookies to pay her. – Absolutely! | -卖饼干赚的钱足够付她工资。 -绝对没问题! |
[22:26] | We give her a small salary. She’ll never figure out or catch wise to anything. | 给她的工资不要太多。 她就永远不会想到或猜到什么。 |
[22:30] | Because if you think Denny and Tommy are slow… | 因为如果你把丹尼和汤米看成反应慢的话… |
[22:32] | …your cousin May is dumb like a horse, or dog or something. | 你的表姐梅就是个呆子, 像匹马,或狗什么的。 |
[22:38] | Well, maybe it’s not such a great idea. | 不过,可能不是太好的主意。 |
[22:40] | No, I think we could do it. | 是好主意,我看可以这样做。 |
[22:43] | – Where are we? Right here? – We’re supposed to be here. | -我们到哪儿啦?这吗? -我们应该在这里。 |
[22:45] | Excuse me. Where’s the sugar? | 请问,糖在哪儿? |
[22:48] | Frenchy wants more sugar. | 法兰琪想要点糖。 |
[22:50] | May, stop bothering us. We’re busy. | 梅,别烦我们。我们忙着呢。 |
[22:55] | I just don’t understand about the drilling. | 我不知道什么是打钻。 |
[22:57] | I told you. Business is good. We’re expanding. | 我和你说过。生意很好,我们要扩大。 |
[23:01] | We’re expanding a little restaurant and tea shop… | 我们要把餐厅和茶店扩大一点 |
[23:04] | …so people could eat the cookies and drink tea. | 这样人们就可以一边吃饼干, 一边喝茶了。 |
[23:07] | Ah. Where are they gonna drink the tea? In the tunnel? | 他们在哪儿喝茶?在隧道里? |
[23:10] | I’d explain it to you, but you gotta understand engineering. | 我会给你解释的, 但你得懂工程学。 |
[23:14] | – What’s engineering? – May, do me a favor, will you? | -什么是工程学? -梅,拜托了,好吗? |
[23:17] | Business is good, we’re expanding. That’s all you gotta know. | 生意很好,我们在扩大。你就知道这么多就行了。 |
[23:20] | How can you expand? There’s a nail shop next door. | 你们怎么扩大? 隔壁是家修指甲店。 |
[23:23] | – We made a deal with them. – So you’re expanding into the nail shop. | -我们和他们已达成协议了。 -就是说你们要扩大到指甲店去。 |
[23:27] | May, get your stuff. You want the sugar? | 梅,拿你的东西,不是要糖吗? |
[23:30] | Take a hike. Get the sugar and go. We’ll call you. | 赶紧走吧。 拿了糖快走。我们会叫你的。 |
[23:34] | This broad’s big trouble. I’m tellin’you. | 这个娘们是个大麻烦。我跟你们说。 |
[23:37] | – You think it’s safe having that strange broad here? -Don’t worry, she’s harmless. | -你说让个陌生娘儿们在这安全吗? -别担心,她不会害我们。 |
[23:41] | I think we made a wrong turn. I don’t think we’re still headed to the bank. | 我想我们转错弯了。 我们没朝银行的方向去。 |
[23:44] | – Please. Gimme the map. – What are you talking about? | -拜托,把地图给我。 -你在说什么? |
[23:48] | For God’s sakes. | 看在上帝的份上。 |
[23:51] | This is fine. I don’t know what you’re all in a dither about. | 给你吧,你神经兮兮的瞎琢磨什么呢? |
[23:54] | You’re holding it upside down. | 你拿倒了。 |
[23:57] | I am? | 我拿倒了吗? |
[23:59] | You were reading this map upside down all along? | 你一直就倒着看的吗。 |
[24:02] | Get off my back! Can I help it if they print these things like this? | 打住打住!他们这么印的, 我有什么办法? |
[24:06] | Okay. Thank you very much. | 好,多谢了。 |
[24:08] | I gotta get another plate of the cherry… | 我要再拿一盘樱桃… |
[24:11] | – Can I help you? Next? – I’m coming right back. | -你要什么?下一个? -我马上回来。 |
[24:15] | – Can I get two cherry cinnamon? – Two cherry cinnamon. | -我要两块樱桃桂皮。 -两块樱桃桂皮 |
[24:18] | – How you doin’? – We’re doing something right. | -生意怎样? -我们干得还行。 |
[24:20] | – Next. – Sure. Two cherry cinnamon. | -下一个。 -好的。两块樱桃桂皮。 |
[24:22] | – You’re new here, huh? – Not really. This is my first day. | -你是新来的吧? -不全是。今天是第一天。 |
[24:26] | Let me tell you something. These are the greatest cookies I ever tasted. | 这些饼干是我所吃过最棒的。 |
[24:29] | – Really? You know, we’re expanding. – No kiddin’? | -真的?我们要扩大规模了。 -开玩笑吧? |
[24:33] | Yeah. There’s some guys in the back working now. | 真的。后面几个人正在干着呢。 |
[24:36] | – We got a tunnel under the nail shop. – Really? | -在指甲店下面我们有一个隧道。 -真的? |
[24:38] | – Yeah. – Did you try the pecan fudge? | -没错。 -尝过核桃法奇饼了吗? |
[24:41] | – We were just talking about what an instant success this place is. – Yes. | -我们刚才在说这个地方一夜成功的事。 -是的。 |
[24:44] | – I was telling him about the restaurant. – What restaurant? | -我和他说了那个餐厅。 -什么餐厅? |
[24:47] | The tea room. You know, the guys in the back tunneling for the tea room… | 喝茶室。后面的伙计在挖作茶屋的隧道… |
[24:50] | – Under the nail shop? – What are you talking about? | -在指甲店下吗? -你们在说什么呀? |
[24:54] | – The tea room in the back. – May, come and serve these people! | -后面的茶屋。 -梅,这边来,照顾这些人! |
[24:57] | We’re at the Sunset Bake Shop where the lines wait patiently… | 现在我们的落日饼店, 这里排队的人在耐心地等待… |
[25:01] | …for what some people are calling the most fabulous cookie treat in New York. | 买被人们称为纽约最美味好吃的饼干。 |
[25:04] | What the hell is goin’ on here? | 这究竟发生什么事了? |
[25:06] | And you are the heart and soul of Sunset Cookies. | 你是落日饼屋的掌门吧。 |
[25:08] | – Miss, uh… – Frenchy Winkler. | -小姐大名是… -法兰琪 维恩克勒. |
[25:11] | My real name’s Frances but everybody calls me Frenchy. | 我的真名是法兰西,但人们都叫我法兰琪。 |
[25:14] | As one stands here, one can inhale the aroma… | 站在这,我们可以闻到扑鼻的香味… |
[25:16] | My God! | 我的上帝! |
[25:18] | …of hot chocolate, cinnamon, fresh cherries and a dozen other mouthwatering taste treats. | 有热巧克力,桂皮,鲜樱桃, 还有很多其它让人流口水的美味点心。 |
[25:23] | Is it true customers wait on line for half an hour for a single cookie? | 顾客要排队等半个小时 才能买到一个饼干,是真的吗? |
[25:27] | – That you’ve had to ration sales? – Yeah, it happened like once. | -而且购买数量还有限制? -是,好像有一次这样。 |
[25:31] | But what’re you making all the fuss about? | 这事大惊小怪了. |
[25:34] | Tell us. Where did you learn the rare secret of your baking? | 说说,这种烘烤秘诀你在哪儿学的? |
[25:37] | Well, I don’t know. It’s the only thing I can cook. | 其实,我不知道。我做的只是饼干。 |
[25:39] | That and linguini with turkey meatballs. | 那个,还有火鸡丸子懒人饼。 |
[25:42] | Sir, how would you describe your cookie? | 先生,你吃的饼干怎么样? |
[25:45] | Oh, I don’t know. It’s baked with nutmeg or something. | 我不知道。是用肉豆寇或别的什么做的。 |
[25:49] | – I just know it’s great. – And I just want to say that we’re expanding. | -我只知道太好吃了。 -我要说的是我们要扩大规模。 |
[25:53] | – There are men in the back now tunneling… – No, no, May! Get back… | -后面有些男人在挖隧道… -别说了,梅! 回来… |
[25:56] | I can’t take this, Frenchy. We don’t want this kind of attention. | 我不喜欢这样,法兰琪. 我们不要这样被人注意。 |
[26:02] | Don’t look at me! I didn’t hire a publicity agent. They just showed up! | 别看着我!我也没雇什么公关的。他们就出现了! |
[26:05] | I know, but it’s really putting us in the toilet. | 我明白,可这真会把我们逼进厕所里去。 |
[26:08] | I can’t concentrate. There’s people up there demanding cookies every day. | 我精神集中不起来。 每天上面老有人要饼干。 |
[26:12] | And today Denny got bit by a rat. We had to give him rabies shots. | 今天丹尼被老鼠咬了。 不得不给他打狂犬针。 |
[26:16] | – Who, the rat? – Very funny. You should be on TV. | -什么咬的,老鼠? -很滑稽。你要上电视了。 |
[26:19] | I am! Open your eyes! | 我上了!睁眼看! |
[26:21] | – Frenchy, I don’t like this. – Come on! You’ve been digging for weeks! | -法兰琪,我不喜欢这样。 -算了!你都挖了好几个星期了! |
[26:25] | When you gonna get some where? How much longer is it gonna take? | 你们要挖到什么时候,挖到哪儿? 还要挖多长时间? |
[26:28] | It’s complicated! We keep getting lost. | 这事复杂了! 我们总是迷路。 |
[26:31] | The other day I was deep in the tunnel, my hat went out. | 前天,我在隧道深处,我的帽子出来了。 |
[26:34] | – That stupid coal miner’s hat? – That’s right. | -那个傻煤矿帽子? -对。 |
[26:36] | It’s a lifesaver, that hat. That bulb. | 那是救命的,那个帽子。 还有灯泡。 |
[26:38] | We’d have done better just with a cookie store. We’re making good dough. | 我们要这个饼店做得更好。 我们现在赚了不少钱。 |
[26:43] | “Making good dough.” It’s a cookie store, but we’re making dough. | “赚了不少钱。” 一个饼店,可却赚钱。 |
[26:47] | That’s very… It’s a cookie store. We’re making dough… | 真是…一个饼店,可却赚钱… |
[26:49] | I get it, I get it. | 我懂了,我懂了。 |
[27:22] | I knew we were going the wrong way. I knew it! | 我知道我们走错路了。我搞懂了! |
[27:25] | – What the hell we doin’ in a dress shop? – Your fault, you got the maps. | -我们在服装店里搞什么鬼? -你的错,你拿地图来的。 |
[27:28] | At least it’s a Sunday. We can patch this up and get out of here. | 好在是星期天。我们可以把这个补上, 然后从这离开。 |
[27:31] | – How we gonna patch it up? – We tile it and we get out. | -怎么补? -用瓦补,然后离开。 |
[27:34] | – Hello! I’m not a tiler. – We don’t have any tiles. | -老兄,我不是瓦工。 -我们一片瓦也没有。 |
[27:36] | Where do you get cement in the middle of a dress shop? | 在服装店中间哪找水泥啊? |
[27:39] | Besides, Brain, how are we going to close the hole and tile it? | 还有,智多星,我们怎么把这个洞关上,铺瓦呀? |
[27:43] | We’re inside the store. How do we get out? | 我们在店里面。怎么出去呢? |
[27:47] | Well, you tile… He’s got a point. You can’t tile this from the other side. | 好吧,你铺瓦…他有主意了。 铺瓦补不能从另外一边干。 |
[27:51] | – No kidding. – No, you can’t. | -别开玩笑。 -不是玩笑,不能这样补。 |
[27:53] | This is very discouraging, guys. | 伙计,这太扫兴了。 |
[27:55] | – I’m ready to pack this in. – Everybody freeze! | -我要向里面补了。 -都别动! |
[28:01] | Hey, Ray, your wife’s cousin talks too much. | -嘿,瑞,你老婆的表姐说得太多了。 |
[28:06] | Sorry to spoil your expansion plans, fellas. | 抱歉破坏了你们的扩展计划,朋友。 |
[28:08] | Officer, listen to me. | 警官,听我说。 |
[28:10] | We didn’t do anything yet. Yes, it’s true, we were gonna rob the bank. | 我们还什么都没做呢。 没错,我们是要抢那家银行。 |
[28:14] | But we screwed up everything, except for the cookie shop. | 可我们除了那家饼店,一切都给毁了。 |
[28:18] | The cookie shop’s doing great for some reason. You like the cookies. | 那家饼屋不知怎么干得特火。 你喜欢我们的饼干的。 |
[28:22] | Let us forget everything we were gonna do and concentrate on the cookie store. | 让我们忘掉我们原来想做的一切,专心做饼屋吧。 |
[28:27] | Look, I’m not here trying to ruin anybody’s life, okay? | 我来不是要毁掉任何人的生活,明白吗? |
[28:31] | Then give us a break. | 那就放我们一码。 |
[28:33] | Think I could get a little piece of the action? | 我可以在你们的行动中得一小份吗? |
[28:36] | Yeah. I’m not opposed to paying off the cops. | 行。我不反对贿赂警察。 |
[28:39] | It’s a standard business expense. | 这是标准的商业代价。 |
[28:41] | That’s the thing. I don’t want you to think of it as a payoff. | 就是这样。我不想你认为是什么回报。 |
[28:44] | I think I’m qualified to make what I believe… | 我想我有资格,至少我认为是, 可以为这个企业… |
[28:47] | …is a major contribution to this enterprise. | 做出重大贡献。 |
[28:49] | My brother-in-law majored in business. | 我妹夫学的是商业。 |
[28:52] | Let us hear this contribution, all right? | 我们听听你说的贡献,好吗? |
[28:54] | – One word. – Yeah? And that word is? | —一个字。 —哦?哪个字? |
[28:59] | Franchise. | 联锁经营 |
[29:09] | We got about 600 trucks. | 我们有大约600辆卡车。 |
[29:11] | And, you know, we’re all over the country, and Canada. | 我们的店已经遍布全国了,还有加拿大。 |
[29:16] | We make a lot of different cookies. Whatever you want. We got pistachio, pretzels. | 我们做各种各样风味的饼干。 要什么有什么。有开心果味,椒盐的 |
[29:21] | We make chicken chip cookies, tuna mint. | 还做炸鸡薯条味,金枪鱼薄荷味。 |
[29:25] | Virtually overnight, the Winklers and their associates… | 几乎是一夜之间,维恩克勒及其联锁店 |
[29:28] | …have gone from a small, modest mom and pop cookie shop… | 从一个小小不知名的夫妻饼店 |
[29:32] | …to something approaching a baking empire. | 一跃成为饼干帝国。 |
[29:34] | This is where we package everything. | 我们在这包装所有东西。 |
[29:37] | And what we do is… | 我们做的事是… |
[29:40] | The cookies have a wonderful smell, a fresh smell. | 这的饼干味道新鲜,好极了。 |
[29:44] | And that’s all put on with a chemical spray. We do that over here. | 因为有化学喷剂。在那做这事。 |
[29:47] | There’s no denying that he’s refreshingly down to Earth… | 不可否认,作为公司主管, |
[29:50] | …for a corporate executive. | 他如此与众不同 |
[29:53] | So offbeat, in fact, that Sunset Farms… | 出人意料,事实上,落日农业.. |
[29:55] | …has captured the imagination of the public and the industry. | 成为公众和业界的谈论焦点。 |
[29:59] | We wanted to find out what the competition thinks. | 我们想知道竞争对手怎么说。 |
[30:01] | So we went to Paul Milton of American Cookies. | 所以我们去了“保罗米尔顿美国饼业”。 |
[30:04] | The bottom line is, they make a really great product. | 最重要的是他们产品的确好。 |
[30:07] | You have what the public wants, and everything else takes care of itself. | 如果你有大众所想要的, 其它事情就自然而成。 |
[30:11] | – This is your office? – This is pretty much where I operate. | -这是你的办公室? -我的大部分行政工作在这进行。 |
[30:15] | Frenchy decorated this place. You can tell. | 这个地方是法兰琪自己装饰的。 你可以看出来。 |
[30:18] | She’s got, uh, all her stuff here. | 她把自己所有的东西都放在这里了。 |
[30:21] | This is an antique, you know. | 这是古董。 |
[30:24] | She says it’s, like, Louis XIV or Louis XV. | 她说这,像是,路易14或路易15 |
[30:28] | It’s, uh… I don’t know how high the Louises go, actually. | 实际上,我也不知道路易能高到多少。 |
[30:32] | But it’s a top Louis. It’s one of the… | 可这是最高的路易。是一个… |
[30:35] | Frenchy stuck a TV in it, you know, because she’s got a creative… | 法兰琪在里面装了一台电视, 因为她有一个富有创造性的… |
[30:40] | – She’s a creative decorator. – It’s very original. | -她是一个有创造性的装饰家。 -非常具有独创性。 |
[30:42] | – Um, how much are you worth? – Oh, plenty, plenty. | -你身价多少? -哦,很多,很多。 |
[30:46] | – I mean, how much? Just between you and me. – A lot. | -我意思是,多少钱?只是你我之间的话。 -太多了。 |
[30:49] | We’re worth a lot of dough. What ever you see is antiques. | 我们值很多钱。你看到的都是古董。 |
[30:53] | This thing here. This if from… | 这的这个。这个,如果从… |
[30:55] | I don’t remember exactly. It think it’s the Renaissance or the Magna Carta or something. | 我记不太清楚。好像是文艺复兴或大宪章或类似什么的。 |
[30:59] | But that’s where it’s from. | 反正是从那些地方来的。 |
[31:01] | Why did you decide to go into baking so late in life? | 你为什么晚年才决定进入饼业? |
[31:04] | Well, Frenchy, we found out, can make cookies. | 我们发现法兰琪会做饼干。 |
[31:07] | The Frenchy they’re talking about… | 他们所说的叫做法兰琪的人 |
[31:09] | …and reigning culinary genius of Sunset… – Hello. | 以及落日的首席烹饪天才 -你好 |
[31:12] | …is Frances Fox, who happens to be the wife of the C.E.O. | 是法兰西丝·福克斯,也恰好是CEO的太太。 |
[31:16] | So you made cookies your whole life… | 那么你做了一辈子的饼干… |
[31:18] | …and everybody told you how delicious they were. | 所有人都告诉你,你的饼干好吃。 |
[31:20] | – Yeah. I thought they were “B.S. ing” me, you know? -Really? | -我原想他们是拿我打衩儿。明白吗? -真的呀? |
[31:23] | Yeah. Somebody gives you something they cooked, you always say you enjoyed it… | 人们给你他们做的,你总会说你喜欢的… |
[31:27] | …even if it makes you throw up after wards, so, you know… | 就算这东西使你很恶心,所以,… |
[31:31] | In a day and age where everyone seems to have public relations handlers… | 在一个所有人似乎都有公关策划人的时代… |
[31:35] | …it’s hard to imagine a corporate brain trust… | 很难想像有比落日农业集团公司的智囊团… |
[31:37] | …that is more direct and less image conscious than the group here at Sunset Farms. | 这么直言不讳,不注重形象。 |
[31:42] | In fact, each person we met seemed to be more eccentric than the last. | 说实在的,我们遇到的每个人都比前一个人更古怪。 |
[31:46] | Like Tommy Walker, the chairman of the board. | 像汤米·沃尔克,公司的董事会主席。 |
[31:48] | Frenchy makes the best cookies in the world. We’re very proud of her cookies. | 法兰琪做的饼干是世界上最好的。 我们对她的饼干非常自豪。 |
[31:52] | What are your duties as chairman of the board? | 作为董事会主席,你的职责是什么? |
[31:55] | The board meets once or twice a week, and we take up important issues. | 董事会每周开一两次会,我们讨论重要事宜。 |
[31:59] | – Issues? – Yeah. Facts, problems. | -什么事宜? -是事宜。事实啦,问题啦。 |
[32:01] | Things like that. Normal stuff. | 类似的事情。正常的事。 |
[32:03] | What kind of problems does an overnight success like Sunset Farms face? | 像落日农业这样一夜成功的公司 要面对什么样的问题? |
[32:07] | What kind of problems? Last week the toilet on the fourth floor wouldn’t flush. | 什么样的问题?上周四层的洗手间不冲水了。 |
[32:11] | It flushed, but the water kept coming to the top. | 水哗哗冲,但水却不停地向上走。 |
[32:14] | So the board voted on getting a plumber. | 于是董事会就投票表决找一个管工来。 |
[32:17] | One of the architects of Sunset Farms’s unorthodox marketing strategy… | 落日农业非正统营销战略的设计师之一… |
[32:21] | …is the head of advertising, Denny Doyle, a former truck driver. | 是广告部主管,丹尼·道伊尔, 以前是卡车司机。 |
[32:26] | Was it you who came up with the idea to advertise baked goods… | 是您想出的主意吗?在花花公子, |
[32:29] | …in Playboy, Penthouse and Hustler Magazine? | 激情,和美女杂志上做饼干广告? |
[32:31] | I figured if a guy’s staring at a naked piece of tail… | 我想如果一个家伙盯着一个光着的妞儿 |
[32:35] | …and he sees the breasts and legs, he’s gonna start to salivate. | 看乳房和大腿时,一定开始流口水。 |
[32:38] | It’s human nature. So if he’s salivating… | 这是人的本性。如果他流口水, |
[32:40] | …he turns the page and comes across a picture of, say, | 他就翻,看到一张,比如, |
[32:43] | …our pistachio cream cookies. | 我们的开心果奶油饼干。 |
[32:45] | He thinks maybe that’s why he’s drooling. You understand? | 想这可能是他馋了的原因。你明白? |
[32:48] | It’s psychology. It’s science. | 是心理学。 是科学。 |
[32:50] | It’s like Pablo’s Theory, you know, with the dog when he feeds him? | 好像毕加索的理论,就是带着条狗,在喂狗 |
[32:54] | – Pablo? – Pablo, with the dogs. | -毕加索吗? -是毕加索,带着一群狗的。 |
[32:57] | Then there’s ex-police officer Ken Deloach… | 还有前警官肯·德漏奇 |
[32:59] | …vicepresident in charge of distribution. | 是副总裁,负责分销。 |
[33:02] | And Ben Jamin Borkowski, vicepresident in charge of plant safety. | 还有本杰明·博尔考斯机,副总裁,负责工厂安全。 |
[33:06] | First thing I did was make sure the building was fireproof. | 我做的第一件事是确保建筑防火。 |
[33:10] | And lest they be accused of being a mostly male club… | 为了不成为一个男性主宰的俱乐部 而受谴责。 |
[33:13] | May Sloan is in charge of public relations and also physical therapy. | 梅·斯路恩掌管公关和物理治疗。 |
[33:18] | I understand public relations. | 我明白公关的意思, |
[33:20] | But physical therapy? | 但物理治疗什么意思? |
[33:22] | All the chocolate chips are put in the cookies by hand. | 所有的巧克力片是手工放到饼干里的。 |
[33:26] | And that’s really hard on the back and leg muscles. I do deep massage. | 背部和腿的肌肉负担太重了。 我就做深度按摩 |
[33:31] | By the way, she’s also a vice president. | 顺便提一下,她也是副总裁。 |
[33:34] | So there you have it. A brief glimpse into a corporate culture… | 报道就这么多了。一个企业文化一瞥 |
[33:37] | …that has industry leaders and management analysts all over the country… | 使全国企业领导和管理分析专家都挠头 |
[33:41] | …scratching their heads, trying to figure out what Sunset Farms might try next. | 试图猜想落日农业下一步要干什么。 |
[33:46] | It may be as simple as what Paul Milton, the Winklers’ chief competitor said: . . | 其实可能很简单,如主要竞争对手Paul Milton所说.. |
[33:50] | “If you’ve got something the American public wants… | “如果你有美国大众所要的… |
[33:53] | …everything else falls into place.” | 其它一切自然而就。” |
[33:55] | Or as we in television might say… | 或者像电视上人们常说的… |
[33:58] | “There’s no accounting for the public’s taste.” | “大众的口味是没有什么道理可讲的” |
[34:07] | Okay, keep coming through with this stuff. | 好,把这些东西接着搬进来。 |
[34:10] | It’s better the way I had it. | 原来放的位置比现在好。 |
[34:12] | Darling, could you put the doll by the ceramic zebra? | 亲爱的,能把洋娃娃放在陶瓷斑马旁边吗? |
[34:14] | – Mrs. Winkler? Excuseme. – Yes? | -维恩克勒太太?麻烦您了。 -什么事? |
[34:16] | – You wanted to check the menu. – Right. | -你说过要看一下菜单。 -对 |
[34:18] | Stevens, could you bring that piece downstairs that Mr. Winkler hates? | 斯蒂芬,把维恩克勒先生不喜欢的那个放楼下。 |
[34:22] | Try it again next to the fireplace. | 放在壁炉边再试试 |
[34:24] | I want a lot of nuts and “crude-ites.” | 我要很多坚果,还有干货 |
[34:26] | What did we say for openers? Oh, yes. Snails. | 开胃菜是什么?哦,是蜗牛。 |
[34:29] | Escargots, yes. Then the potato and truffle salad. | 食用蜗牛,对。然后是土豆和块菌沙拉。 |
[34:32] | Yes. Truffles, by all means. But I hate those thin pieces. | 对,块菌,没错。可我讨厌那些薄片。 |
[34:35] | When you shave it, go, go. Lay it on big time. | 当你削的时候,认真点。 重要时刻再摆上。 |
[34:38] | Truffles are always shaved really finely. | 块菌总是削得非常仔细的。 |
[34:41] | – Naturally, I didn’t mean to suggest anything overdone. – Right. | -自然了,我只不想做过头了 -是 |
[34:44] | Then we have poached sea bass in phyllo. | 然后是海鲈鱼 |
[34:47] | And spinach souffle, and salad, and dessert. | 还有菠菜蛋奶酥,沙拉,和甜点。 |
[34:51] | – Oh, and finger bowls. – There’s nothing being served that requires finger bowls. | -哦,还有洗手碗。 -没有菜需要洗手碗。 |
[34:55] | Well have ’em, ’cause you can never predict whose fingers will need a washing. Okay? | 我们要有,因为你很难预料什么人的手要洗洗。 |
[34:59] | – Did you rearrange this place again? – All right, hold your water. | -这个地方你又重新布置了? -行了,管好你自己。 |
[35:02] | Don’t tell me to hold my water. | 别告诉我管好我自己。 |
[35:04] | Every night it’s like walking into a strange house. | 每天晚上,都好像走进一家陌生的房子。 |
[35:07] | What is this thing? Did I tell you to get rid of this? | 这东西是什么?我没跟你说过扔掉它吗? |
[35:09] | It’s a harp. You got no flair, Ray. | 是竖琴。你没情调,瑞. |
[35:12] | Don’t tell me I got no flair. No body plays the harp. | 别跟我说我没有品味。这没人弹竖琴。 |
[35:15] | What’s it doing in the middle of the living room? | 这东西放在客厅中间有什么用? |
[35:17] | I like the visual sweep. | 我喜欢这种视觉冲击感。 |
[35:20] | I don’t know what’s gotten into your head. | 真不知道你的脑子里进了什么东西。 |
[35:23] | You’re so hoity-toity all of a sudden. | 你突然成了大人物了,了不起了。 |
[35:25] | My cookies pay for this, so turn it off. | 我的饼干付的帐,别说了 |
[35:29] | What’s for dinner? | 晚饭吃什么? |
[35:31] | And don’t tell me it’s sparrows on a bed of lettuce again. | 别告诉我又是生菜上放些麻雀。 |
[35:34] | ‘Cause I wouldn’t care if I had anything on a bed of lettuce anymore. | 因为我不再介意生菜上放的任何东西。 |
[35:37] | – They’re pheasants, and you ate’em last week. – And I got BB’s. | -是野鸡,上周你吃的. -我吃到骨头了 |
[35:40] | Remember I got BB’s in the mouth? I almost choked on a BB. | 还记得我嘴里的大骨头吗? 差点没把我噎死. |
[35:43] | Can I get a cheeseburger? Is that possible? | 我想吃个奶酪汉堡,行吗? |
[35:46] | It’s the dinner party tonight! | 今天可是晚餐会啊! |
[35:48] | Oh! Great! | 哦,太好了! |
[35:51] | – Just when I got a lot on my mind. – Your mind don’t hold a lot. | -我脑子里全是好主意. -你的脑子空空如也. |
[35:54] | Get dressed. And don’t forget, it’s tuxedo. | 穿好衣服.别忘了,穿晚礼服. |
[35:57] | – I’m hungry. I don’t wanna get dressed now. – You want a snail? | -我饿了.我不想现在穿. -吃只蜗牛吗? |
[36:01] | You nuts? I’m gonna have a snail? | 你发神经啊?我吃蜗牛? |
[36:03] | Come on! You eat steamers. | 好啦!你吃蒸的吧. |
[36:05] | A snail leaves a trail of scum in the yard when it walks. | 蜗牛在院里爬过后留下渣滓的痕迹. |
[36:09] | – Not in France they don’t. – Oh, Jesus. | -在法国,不会. -哦,主啊. |
[36:12] | What happened to the turkey meatballs and spaghetti? That’s what I like. | 火鸡丸子和面条怎么样? 我喜欢. |
[36:16] | Have a potato and truffle thing. That’ll hold you till the company comes. | 在客人来之前,先吃点土豆和块菌什么的垫一垫. |
[36:20] | I don’t want truffles. Truffles got no flavor! | 我不想吃块菌. 块菌什么味也没有! |
[36:23] | They’re subtle. Only pigs can find them. | 块菌可不好找了,只有猪才能找到它们. |
[36:27] | You’re thinking of pearls. They come in oysters. That’s what that is. | 你在说珍珠吧.珍珠在牡蛎中.所以不好找. |
[36:30] | Take a hike. | 算了. |
[36:32] | You’re such an ignoramus. That’s what I love about you. | 你就这么无知.我就爱你这一点. |
[36:35] | – Pearls come in oysters. – Ray, Ray, Ray. | -珍珠来自牡蛎. |
[36:39] | – Please, don’t spoil my big night. – What’s so big about tonight? | -求你了,今晚太隆重了,别扫我的兴. -今晚有什么特别的? |
[36:43] | There’s important people coming from the arts… | 来的是艺术界的重要人物 |
[36:45] | …and I want to get on some of those boards. | 我想加入他们的委员会. |
[36:47] | Hey, we donate, you’ll be on the boards. | 我们捐款,你自然在委员会上. |
[36:50] | – But I wanna be a patron. – What you wanna be is a socialite. | -可我想成为一名艺术家的守护人. -你想要成为的是上流交际夫人. |
[36:54] | So what? Is that so terrible? | 那又怎么样? 有那么不好吗? |
[36:56] | You know, when we talked about making it, we were gonna hit it big… | 以前当我们谈到挣了大钱后,我们要大出风头 |
[36:59] | …move to Florida, we were gonna swim, eat stone crabs. | 搬到佛罗里达,在那游泳,吃大石蟹. |
[37:03] | Well, we can get a place at Palm Beach. | 我们可以在棕榈海滩买块地. |
[37:06] | Palm Beach is ritzy. I wanna go to Miami. | 棕榈海滩既显眼又费钱.我要去迈阿密. |
[37:09] | I wanna be at the dog track every day. | 每天我就想在乡间小路上散步. |
[37:12] | I just know I wanna be as far away from Frenchy Fox… | 我只知道我想离法兰琪 福克斯越远越好. |
[37:15] | …the topless wonder, as I can be. | 那个光着上身跳舞的傻帽. |
[37:17] | Hey, you were beautiful as Frenchy Fox. | 你被叫法兰琪·福克斯时,很漂亮的. |
[37:21] | You’d come out. Remember “Night Train”? | 你出来时常唱”子夜火车”,还记得吗? |
[37:23] | – You’d give it a little of this, a little of that. – Those days are over, Ray. | -你会这样扭那样扭. -那些日子结束了,瑞 |
[37:27] | Our accountants want us to expand. We’re gonna be twice as big next year. | 会计要我们扩大规模. 明年我们要扩大一倍. |
[37:30] | What good is being twice as big if I can’t get a cheeseburger? What’s it all mean? | 我连一个奶酪汉堡都吃不上,扩大一倍有什么用呢? 这一切有什么意义呢? |
[37:35] | Ray, please, be charming tonight. | 瑞,求你了,今晚高兴点儿. |
[37:38] | I’ve seen you when you want to turn on the charm. You sparkle. | 如果你想要迷人,你就会闪光,我见过的. |
[37:42] | All right? | 好吗? |
[37:44] | I gotta go take a shower. | 我要去冲个澡. |
[37:59] | Good evening. Good evening. Welcome to our humble abode. | 晚上好.晚上好.欢迎光临寒舍. |
[38:03] | – Charles Bailey. This is my wife Emily. – How you doin’? | -我是查尔斯·巴里. 这是我太太艾米利. -你好. |
[38:07] | – David Perret. – Linda Rhinelander. | – 大卫·派莱特. – 琳达·赖因兰德. |
[38:10] | – Can I get you drinks? -Just some Evian. Unless you have Perrier? | -您想喝点什么? -来点Evian矿泉水.如果有Perrier水更好. |
[38:14] | – Certainly. – We got anything you want. Whatever you want, you can have. | -当然有. -你们要的一切我们都有.要什么,有什么. |
[38:17] | I usually take tap water ’cause the fluoride keeps your teeth from rotting. | 我一般喝自来水,因为自来水中的氟防止牙烂掉. |
[38:20] | Otherwise, they’ll drop right out on you, honey. Hey, look at this! | 否则,牙就会掉下来.嘿,看这! |
[38:24] | Hello! | 你们好! |
[38:26] | So glad you could attend our humble abode. | 你们能光临敝室,我太高兴了. |
[38:30] | We just got back from Caneel Bay. Didn’t want to miss the new Traviata. | 我们刚从Caneel湾度假回来,不想错过新排的. |
[38:33] | – Have you seen it? – No, not yet. | -您看了吗? -没,还没有. |
[38:36] | Nor have I. Exactly what is it? | 我也没看.这究竟是什么东西? |
[38:38] | Ray, why are we standing around in the hallway? | 瑞,我们老在门廓站着干吗? |
[38:41] | Please, let’s retire to the living room. | 请吧,我们进客厅吧. |
[38:45] | I gather you’re a big fan of the ballet, Mrs. Winkler. | 我想您特别喜欢芭蕾,维恩克勒夫人 |
[38:49] | – Her? Are you kiddin’? – I used to be a dancer. | -她?你开玩笑吧? -我过去是舞蹈演员. |
[38:52] | Please, call me French… Uh, Frances. Frances Fox Winkler. | 请叫我法兰琪,是法兰西丝,法兰西丝·福克斯·维恩克勒 |
[38:56] | The Foxes from Saratoga? | 来自加州的福克斯家庭吗? |
[38:58] | I don’t know. I never checked my pedigree. | 我不清楚.从来没查过我的家族. |
[39:00] | Can we change the music, please? | 我们换个音乐吧,好吗? |
[39:04] | – I feel like I should be wearing a wig. – You will in a couple years. | -我感觉我应该戴假头套才对. -几年后,你会的. |
[39:08] | Did you do the place yourself? | 这里都是您亲自设计的吗? |
[39:10] | Yes. They say I have a flair for decorating. | 是.人们说我对装饰有天赋. |
[39:12] | – You know, this rug lights up? – It lights? | -这个小地毯会亮? -会亮? |
[39:15] | Yeah. It’s made of what? The fiber optics. | 是.这由什么造的来的? 光导纤维. |
[39:18] | I’ll turn it on later. | 过会儿我打开. |
[39:20] | Stevens, what’s with the snails? | 斯蒂芬,蜗牛怎么样了? |
[39:23] | Oh, why don’t I get the, the… | 哦,我要去… |
[39:26] | And you show them your collection of leather pigs. | 你让他们看看你收藏的皮制猪. |
[39:29] | Right. Go. | 好.去吧. |
[39:31] | – Do you play the harp, Frances? – Oh, no. It’s a visual, honey. | -你弹竖琴吗,法兰西丝? -不弹.只是视觉效果,亲爱的. |
[39:35] | The sweep kills me. Oh, finally. Girls. | 这种冲击力迷死我了.好了,姑娘们 |
[39:41] | Hey, how you doin’? Come on in. | 你们好吗?请进. |
[39:43] | Hold it. Right there. All the action… Hey, honey. | 别在这等,在那儿.全部表演.嗨,亲爱的 |
[39:45] | Toots, in there. Hey, shake it. They’re in the other room. | 娘儿们,在那儿.别再这演了,他们在另一间房里. |
[39:49] | – How you doin’? – Garth Steinway. | -你好. -Garth Steinway. |
[39:51] | – What? – Garth Steinway. | -什么? -Garth Steinway. |
[39:53] | – I’m Anthony Gwynne. – On, no kidding? | -我是安东尼Gwynne -开玩笑吧? |
[39:56] | Tony Gwynne, the outfielder with the Padres? | 托尼Gwynne,那个帕德斯棒球队的外场手. |
[40:00] | Our goal is to raise $2 million by April. | 我们目标是在四月底前筹集到2百万美元. |
[40:03] | Then the company can tour the West Coast and include the new opera… | 这样我们公司就可在西海岸做巡演, 包括新的一部歌剧… |
[40:05] | …which has gotten such good notices. – Right. | 这部歌剧已经引起广泛注意. -是的. |
[40:08] | Count me in. I love serious music. | 算我一个.我喜欢严肃音乐. |
[40:11] | Ray, on the other hand, opera freaks him. | 而歌剧使瑞浑身发麻. |
[40:15] | Haveyou tried your finger bowl? | 你没试试洗手碗吗? |
[40:18] | The guy says to him, “What do you do for a living?” | 那个人对他说,”你靠什么为生?” |
[40:21] | He says, “I’m a momback.” | 他说,”我是个妈倒.” |
[40:24] | “What’s a momback?” | “什么是妈倒.” |
[40:26] | He says, “I stand behind a truck. I say, momback, momback.” | 他说,”我站在卡车后面,我说,妈倒,妈倒.” |
[40:31] | He stands behind the truck and goes, “Momback, momback.” | 他站在卡车后面,走着说,”妈倒,妈倒.” |
[40:37] | He says… I think it’s too fast for her. | 他说…我想这对于她太快了. |
[40:41] | “Momback.” He says, “Momback.” | “妈倒.” 他说,”妈倒.” |
[40:43] | I’m afraid I do think they overpaid for the Picasso. | 我确实认为,毕加索的画他们付多了. |
[40:47] | For me it was unusually mediocre, don’t you think? | 在我看来,画太一般.是吧? |
[40:51] | – I agree completely. – Banal. | -我完全同意. |
[40:53] | Excuse me. I have to find my wife. | 我要找我太太. |
[40:56] | I saw a beautiful painting of fruit at the, uh, Met or the Whitney. | 我看到一幅美丽的水果画,在大都会或威特利. |
[41:01] | It might have been the Holocaust. | 可能是关于大屠杀的 |
[41:04] | – Areyou affiliated with any of the museums? – No, I’m a private dealer. | -你附属于什么博物馆吗? -不,我是个体商人. |
[41:08] | Oh. We have one or two paintings, | 我们有一两幅画. |
[41:10] | but I haven’t really gotten around to building a collection yet. | 但我还没到收藏的地步. |
[41:14] | Uh-huh. So what are you interested in? What’s your… | 你对什么感兴趣?什么是你的..? |
[41:18] | Rembrandt. Picasso. Michelangelo. | 伦勃郎.毕加索.米开朗基罗. |
[41:22] | – You know, the boys. – Yeah, yeah. | -男人的画. -是啊. |
[41:25] | I might be out of Michelangelos at the moment. | 我手头的米开朗基罗卖完了. |
[41:28] | But I did recently come into possession ofan incredible Damon Dexter… | 可最近有一幅杰出画家叫Damon Dexter的画.. |
[41:33] | that someone’s trying to sell. | 有人要卖. |
[41:35] | I don’t think I’m aware of him. | 我想我不认识他. |
[41:37] | No. Well, he’s new, you know. | 他不是名家,是新人. |
[41:41] | I have to say, your wine is absolutely delicious. Really. | 我得说你的酒绝对好,真的. |
[41:45] | It was chosen by the same chef who did the finger bowls. | 挑选洗手碗厨师选的 |
[41:48] | Haveyou rinsed? | 洗手了吗? |
[41:50] | David used to be part owner of a vineyard, so he’s a tough audience. | 大卫曾是一个葡萄园的股东, 所以他是一个很厉害的观众. |
[41:56] | Did you study art at school? | 在学校学过艺术吗? |
[41:59] | No, I didn’t. I often think I should have. I studied literature. | 没有.我常想我应该学学.我学的是文学. |
[42:04] | Then inevitably wound up as a stockbroker. | 最后成了股票经纪人 |
[42:07] | Then I dropped out, went to Japan, became a Buddhist, blah, blah, blah. | 之后退出了,出了日本, 成为一名佛教徒,故事很长. |
[42:11] | And then, yeah, I did teach art at Amherst for a bit. | 后来,我在Amherst教了点艺术. |
[42:15] | And then the vineyard. | 后来就是葡萄园. |
[42:17] | My God, what a life! And you’re still so young. | 天呢,生活太丰富了! 你还这么年轻. |
[42:20] | Yes, well… Don’t let the face fool you. | 不过,不要让我的脸欺骗了你. |
[42:23] | Somewhere in a closet there’s a portrait of me aging. | 在我的closet(谓之书房)里有我一幅衰老的肖像. |
[42:26] | In the closet? Why would it be in… | 在closet(理解为厕所)? 为什么在…? |
[42:30] | Oh! How droll. | 哦! 太有趣了. |
[42:34] | You hear about the Polish car pool? | 听说过波兰搭顺风车吗? (俚:同性恋) |
[42:37] | Every day they’d meet at work. | 每天他们工作时见面. |
[42:41] | – I can’t believe this room. – I don’t know… | -这个房间真令人难以置信. -我不知道… |
[42:43] | This takes bad taste to new heights. | 简直把低级趣味提升到一个新高度. |
[42:45] | This is excruciating. | 痛苦不堪啊. |
[42:49] | Can you believe the two of them? Ican’t keep a straight face. | 你能相信是他们俩吗? 让我哭笑不得. |
[42:52] | And what she’s done with this apartment? | 看这房子,她做了什么? |
[42:54] | The sheer flawless vulgarity of it all! | 纯粹无瑕的粗俗绝伦! |
[42:56] | – She must’ve been frightened by a leopard. – Don’t knock it. | -她一定是被豹子吓着了. -别讽刺了. |
[42:59] | They plan on being very generous, and for that we must be thankful. | 他们本意是很慷慨大方的, 我们要感谢这点 |
[43:02] | Really? And what about the harp? | 真的吗? 竖琴怎么说呢? |
[43:04] | – Not to mention the way she wears her clothes. – The definition of bad taste. | -更别说她穿的衣服的方式了. -是低级趣味的定义. |
[43:08] | Oh, I’d say so. | 哦,我同意. |
[43:12] | I never saw so much jewelry. | 我从来没见过这么多珠宝手饰. |
[43:14] | It makes me sad, Frenchy, that I don’t have to steal anymore. Really. | 这使我伤心,法兰琪,因为我 没必要去偷东西了. |
[43:19] | What’s the matter? You’ve been quiet all night. | 怎么了? 今晚你一直没说话. |
[43:22] | What is bothering you? | 烦什么呢? |
[43:24] | What’s bothering me is we got no class. | 让我心烦的是我们没档次. |
[43:27] | Speak for yourself. I was very charming tonight. | 我觉得不是.今晚我很迷人. |
[43:30] | I was killin’ them with jokes. | 我的笑话笑死他们了. |
[43:32] | I got a little drunk from the wine, so I went to sit down in the bar. | 我喝多了点,就在吧间坐着. |
[43:36] | Some of them were in there talking about us. | 在那儿,一些人在谈论我们. |
[43:38] | You should’ve heard’em. And they were right. | 你本应该听到他们的话的. 他们说得对. |
[43:41] | Stop it! We got more dough than all of’em put together. | 胡说!我们的钱比他们的加起来都多. |
[43:44] | Well, it ain’t dough. It’s knowing the finer things. | 这不是钱的问题,是要知道更高雅的事情. |
[43:48] | Like what? Opera? | 比如说? 歌剧吗? |
[43:50] | Like food and wine, and painting, and books. | 比如食物,酒,绘画和书. |
[43:52] | Stop it, will ya? I’m unimpressed. | 别说了,那些没什么了不起. |
[43:55] | All my life I’ve been ignorant. I could never afford to learn anything. | 我一生,一直很无知. |
[43:58] | There was always some emergency, and I was a good student. | 总是有更紧急的事要做,以前我是个好学生. |
[44:02] | I was a lousy student and I always hated school. And I don’t care about it. | 我是个糟糕的学生,一直讨厌学校. 对此我无所谓. |
[44:06] | If I could find my school principal today, now that I got some dough… | 假如现在我能找到我学校校长,我有钱.. |
[44:09] | …I’d put a contract out on her. | 我会找人宰了她. |
[44:11] | Class is something you can’t fake and you can’t buy. | 学习不是你能造假,也不是能买来的东西. |
[44:15] | I got more class in my little finger than they all got combined. | 我小手指头学的东西比他们加起来都多. |
[44:18] | No. We came into a couple of bucks, but we’re phonies. | 不对.我们是有点钱, 但我们是冒牌货. |
[44:22] | – We’re trying to act like big shots. – Not me! | -我们想装成大人物. -我不是! |
[44:24] | Well, me. But it’s over. | 好啦,是我,行了吧.一切结束了. |
[44:27] | The time has come to use our dough to amount to something. | 该用我们的钱成就点什么了. |
[44:30] | – Like what? – To change our lives. | -比如说? -改变我们的生活. |
[44:34] | I’m too busy to change my life. | 我天天忙着改变我的生活呢. |
[44:36] | Doin’ what? Playing pinball? | 做什么? 玩弹球? |
[44:39] | I don’t wanna wear a tux anymore. I don’t like it. | 我不想穿什么晚礼服. 我不喜欢. |
[44:42] | – I wanna go to Florida and swim. – I wanna be the real thing! | -我想去佛罗里达游泳. -而我想成为真正的人! |
[44:45] | And you better wise up, ’cause if I grow and you stay as stupid as you are… | 你也最好变聪明点, 因为如果我变了而你还那样愚蠢.. |
[44:49] | …we’re gonna have big problems, Ray. | 我们就会有大麻烦的,瑞 |
[45:01] | – Smarten you up. Is that what you said? – Yeah. | -让你聪明起来.你这么说的吗? -是的. |
[45:05] | You said you were a teacher. You know art, opera, books, wine. | 你说过你当过老师.你懂艺术,歌剧,书,酒. |
[45:10] | We wanna learn it all, don’t we, Ray? | 我们想全学,是吧? 瑞. |
[45:12] | I’m incredibly flattered that you’d think I was capable of… | 我感到无比荣幸,你们认为我有能力… |
[45:16] | Turning two slugs like us into classy items? | 把我们这样的鼻涕虫变成高雅物件? |
[45:19] | No homework. I’m not doing any. I never did homework when I was young. | 不能有作业.我不做任何作业. 小时候就从来不做作业的. |
[45:22] | I’m not doing anything that’s got homework to it. | 只要有家庭作业,我就不做. |
[45:26] | Naturally, we would make it very worth your while, David. | 当然,我们会让你的时间相当值得的,大卫. |
[45:30] | No, it’s absolutely not about money. I suppose it’s just… | 不.绝对不是钱的问题.我想只是.. |
[45:34] | I don’t know. I’ve never been asked to do anything like this before… | 我也不知道.以前从来没人请我做这样的事.. |
[45:37] | …and I’m not sure I’d know where to start. | 我也不清楚从哪里开始. |
[45:40] | I know I gotta get a better vocabulary. | 我知道我说话要用更好的词汇. |
[45:43] | Have you ever thought about enrolling in college? | 你们想过上大学吗? |
[45:45] | College? | 大学? |
[45:47] | I didn’t go to high school. What the hell am I gonna go to college for? | 我连高中都没念.上大学干么吧? |
[45:50] | That takes four years. We want a private crash course. | 那要四年.我们要私人的速成课程. |
[45:54] | – Lessons in life. Right, Ray? – Am I crazy? | -生活课程,对吧?瑞. -是我疯了吗? |
[45:57] | She’s nuts. Tell her she’s nuts. | 她发神经. 大卫,告诉她,她神经病. |
[46:00] | What? I’m gonna learn about life suddenly? | 什么? 我还要突然学习生活吗? |
[46:03] | I must say, Frenchy, Ray has a point. | 法兰琪,我承认,瑞说得有些道理. |
[46:07] | He could probably teach me a lot more about life than I could ever teach you. | 关于生活,他可能有更多的要教我, 而不是我教你们. |
[46:12] | What the hell is he gonna teach you? I can figure the point spread. | -他能教你什么? -我能猜出篮球比赛中两队的分差.(用之来赌钱) |
[46:15] | – I know how to count cards at a blackjack table. – Would you close your bazoo? | -21点游戏牌桌上,我会数牌. -请别开口了,好吗? |
[46:19] | – I can count four jacks… – Close your bazoo! | -我能数出四张J… -闭上你的烂嘴! |
[46:21] | I don’t want to be discouraging because what you’re proposing is admirable. | 我不想让你们失望,因为你们的建议令人佩服. |
[46:25] | It’s amazing. | 令人吃惊. |
[46:27] | The one thing I would like. I would like to learn how to spell Connecticut. | 我想学一件事.我想学如何拼写Connecticut州. |
[46:30] | Don’t ask me why. I never knew how to spell Connecticut. | 别问我为什么.我从来就不知道怎么拼Connecticut. |
[46:34] | – Fair enough. Great! You could teach him that, right? -Yeah. | -太棒了!你可以教他这个,是吧? -是. |
[46:38] | I heard you telling somebody this is a very slow period in the art market. | 我听你和别人说目前艺术市场不太火. |
[46:42] | And we would take very good care of you, right? | 我们可以关照你,是不是? |
[46:44] | Like I say… | 就像我说的… |
[46:46] | …I absolutely don’t want to discourage you. | 我绝对不想让你们失望. |
[46:50] | I suppose I just have to think about it a bit. I haven’t… | 我想不只是要考虑一下.我没… |
[46:53] | If I could envisage a plan, some kind of starting point… | 如果我能构想出个计划,某种开始点.. |
[46:56] | We could start by building our art collection. | 我们可以从筹划我们的艺术收藏开始. |
[47:00] | That way you’d make a few bucks, and we can learn something. | 这样你可以挣点钱,我们也能学东西. |
[47:04] | But no museums. I’m not goin’ to museums. | 可不要有博物馆.我不会去博物馆. |
[47:06] | The pictures… spook me out. | 那些画吓死我了. |
[47:09] | The virgins… | 那些处女… |
[47:13] | – What are you laughin’ at? – Spooked by the virgins. | -你笑什么? -被处女吓着了. |
[47:16] | I’m sorry. | 对不起. |
[47:18] | Work on the laugh, Frenchy. | 尽管笑吧,法兰琪 |
[47:21] | So, you can see the difference between this Tintoretto… | 你们能看出这张Tintoretto(16世纪意大利画家) |
[47:24] | …and the earlier Byzantine painting we looked at. | 不同于我们刚看过早期拜占庭绘画. |
[47:29] | What would you say is the most significant difference? | 你说说最重要的区别是什么? |
[47:33] | Me? I would say that the frame’s bigger here. | 我吗? 这个画框大一些. |
[47:38] | Mm-hmm. Well, it is bigger. | 这个是比较大. |
[47:41] | But there’s also a difference in the paintings themselves, isn’t there? | 但是画本身也有不同,是吧? |
[47:45] | And it’s an important difference because it characterizes… | 两幅画有重大差异,因为这幅代表了… |
[47:48] | …the great technical leap from the ancient into the modern world. | 从古代到现代技术的重大飞跃. |
[47:53] | You remember how those saints had very flat faces… | 还记得那些圣人的脸是平的 |
[47:57] | …and the background was on the same plane as the foreground? | 背景和前景在同一平面上? |
[48:00] | – Perspective. – Right, perspective. That’s it. | -视角. -对了,视角.就是这点. |
[48:03] | Let me show you another very good example of that. | 让我们看另一个很好的例子. |
[48:10] | “The frame on this one is bigger”? Boy, you are a dummy. | “这幅的框子大点?” 你真是个大傻. |
[48:14] | Don’t give me “perspective.” Take a hike. Take a hike. | 别和我说什么”视角”.拉倒吧.走吧. |
[48:19] | Twenty-eight. | |
[48:22] | – Four. Fifty-one. – Levoxyl. | -4. 51 -Levoxyl(抽象无意义词) |
[48:26] | U-ni-tycon. | U-ni-tycon(抽象无意义词) |
[48:29] | Eighty-seven. | |
[48:32] | – Ninety… four. – Darvocet. | -90..94 -Darvocet(抽象无意义词) |
[48:36] | Red-du-tem-puh. | Red-du-tem-puh(抽象无意义词) |
[48:49] | – I’m hungry. Can we get outta here? – You’re always hungry. | -我饿了.我们走吧? -你总是饿. |
[48:52] | – Why don’t you try and learn something? – There’s nothing to learn. | -你为什么不想学点什么呢? -没什么好学的. |
[48:54] | – Interesting fact. This is where Henry James lived. – Who? | -有趣.亨利·詹姆斯就曾住在这. -谁? |
[48:58] | – The bandleader, stupid. – Married to Betty Grable? I knew that. | -乐队首席,笨蛋. -和贝蒂·格拉堡结婚了.我知道的. |
[49:03] | No, you’re thinking of Harry James the trumpeter. | 不是。你们说的是哈利·詹姆斯,小号手。 |
[49:05] | Henry James married to Grable. | 亨利·詹姆斯与贝蒂·格拉堡结婚 |
[49:07] | – Henry James, the author. Yeah? – Oh. | -是作家亨利·詹姆斯,明白吗? -哦。 |
[49:10] | This is where he lived and where he worked, and… | 他曾在这生活工作,还有… |
[49:14] | Where did he eat? I’m hungry. I don’t care where he lived. | 他在哪儿吃饭? 我饿了.我才不关心他住哪儿呢. |
[49:17] | I remember. The Hair-ess, right? | 我想起来了.叫Hair-ess,对吗? |
[49:20] | – The “H” is silent. – Oh, did he write that too? | -H不发音.(法语中h在字首不发音) -哦,他也写了这部书吗? |
[49:27] | Oh, gee. Frenchy, I’m still sick. | 哦,好命.法兰琪.我还在生病. |
[49:31] | I’m weak. I’m weak. I can’t go. | 我很虚, 动不了了. |
[49:34] | You’re gonna miss a very interesting “Great Books” discussion. | 你将错过了一次有趣的”名著”讨论. |
[49:38] | I know. It kills me. It just kills me. | 知道.要命啊,真要命啊. |
[49:40] | But I’m just gonna lay here. I’ll see you when you come back. | 我就在这躺着,等你回来再见吧. |
[50:00] | – How are you? – Hello. | -你好. -你好. |
[50:03] | Ray’s got a cold. | 瑞感冒了. |
[50:07] | – I bet 500. – Five hundred? | -我赌500 -500? |
[50:10] | – See your five, raise you 500. – I’m outta here. | -你500,我出500 -我弃了. |
[50:13] | I see the five… and a thou. | 我把500升到1000 |
[50:17] | What’d you think of the book? | 这本书你怎么看? |
[50:19] | Well, I thought it was very romantic. | 我想很浪漫. |
[50:23] | I mean, he loved her but their backgrounds were so different. | 我是说,他爱她,可他们的背景差异太大. |
[50:27] | Right. So, what? You thought he was doomed from the start? | 对.又会怎么样呢? 你认为他开始就死定了? |
[50:32] | I guess, ’cause he wound up dead. | 我猜是,因为他最后死了. |
[50:34] | But, uh, I think that two people from different backgrounds can make it… | 可是,我想来自不同背景的两个也可以在一起… |
[50:40] | …if, uh, the juice is there. | 如果,有爱汁. |
[50:44] | – Right. Sorry. Juice is… – You know, the hots. | -对不起. 爱汁是… -性感 |
[50:48] | Right. | 对 |
[50:51] | Wine. Would you like some wine? | 喝点酒吗? |
[50:53] | I brought over a bottle of Chateau Margaux. | 我带了一瓶Chateau Margaux.(法国名酒) |
[50:56] | Ah, that’s brilliant, because we can compare that to my Clos de la Roche… | 太好了,因为我们可以和我的 Clos de la Roche比较一下(法国名酒) |
[51:00] | …and you can see the difference between a Bordeaux and a Burgundy. | 你可以看到Bordeaux与Burgundy的不同. |
[51:03] | I’ve got two other Burgundies of the same vintage… | 我还有两瓶同一年份的Burgundy |
[51:06] | …that I thought might be fun for us to try. | 我想我们都尝尝,会很有趣. |
[51:09] | I’ll see your five and raise you a thou. | 我也出500,到你就是1000. |
[51:13] | I’ll see it and raise you a thousand more. | 我也跟,再加1000. |
[51:18] | And a thousand. | 再加1000 |
[51:21] | – And a thousand. – Okay. Call. | -跟1000 -好了,亮牌. |
[51:23] | Read’em and weep. A pair of threes. | 读出来,你哭吧. 双三 |
[51:26] | Oh, good. I thought you were bluffing. | 我原想你唬人. |
[51:29] | What do you want to play now? | 现在你们想玩什么? |
[51:32] | What about Indian poker? | 印度式拉耗子如何? |
[51:34] | Seven cards. You hold your cards over your head. | 共7张牌.把牌放在脑后. |
[51:37] | Nobody sees their hand. We bet on each other’s hand. | 谁也不能看手牌. 我们互相赌其它人的牌. |
[51:40] | High-Iow, maybe some wild cards. All the reds. | 赌高低,或奇怪的牌. 如都是红色的牌. |
[51:43] | Wanna sit down, May? | 想做下吗,梅? |
[51:45] | How about Old Maid? Do you play Old Maid? | 玩老处女如何? 你们会老处女吗? |
[51:48] | So, um… try this one. | 尝一下这种. |
[51:52] | Okay. | 好的 |
[51:55] | Nice nose. | 好鼻子. |
[51:59] | Yeah. The bouquet is very special. | 是.气味很特别. |
[52:01] | No, no. I mean you got a nice nose. | 不,我意思是你的鼻子好看. |
[52:05] | – Me? – Yeah. | -我吗? -是. |
[52:08] | I don’t know how to describe it. It’s like, kinda… | 我不知道怎么形容它,有点像… |
[52:11] | – It’s just any old nose, I think. – Aquiline. | -只是一个普通老鼻子而已. -Aquiline(鹰钩的) |
[52:15] | Um, talking of which, how is your vocabulary coming along? | 谈到这个词,你的词汇进展怎么样了? |
[52:20] | Oh, very good. I’m almost through all the “A” words in the dictionary. | 很好.字典中字母A开始的词快学完了. |
[52:24] | Right, right. The thing is, I’m not 100 percent convinced… | 好,好.这件事我不是有100%的把握… |
[52:28] | …that memorizing the dictionary is the best way to improve your vocabulary. | 背字典是不是学习词汇最好的方式. |
[52:32] | Hmm. | 我试试吧. |
[52:36] | I can’t believe you found a buyer for the Damon Dexter so fast. | 我真不敢相信你这么快就 把Damon Dexter给卖出去了. |
[52:40] | And at such a good price. It’ll really take a bite out of our debts. | 而且价钱这么好. 这真减轻了不少我们的债务. |
[52:44] | Oliver, it’s dawning on me that the opportunity has arisen… | 奥利佛,我开始觉得我的机会来了.. |
[52:49] | …for me to become quite obscenely rich. | 让我发淫财. |
[52:52] | How serious are they about building an art collection? | 建造艺术收藏的事,他们有多认真? |
[52:54] | That would be peanuts. | 那是芝麻罢了. |
[52:56] | What, then? | 西瓜是什么呢? |
[52:59] | Well, I think that she might be falling for me. | 我想她对我有好感. |
[53:02] | Frenchy Winkler? | 你是说法兰琪 维恩克勒吗? |
[53:04] | How much do you think she’s worth, roughly? | 你看她大约有多少钱? |
[53:07] | – Her husband you mean. – No, it’s all in her name. | -你说她丈夫? -不,全都在她的名下. |
[53:10] | She’s the cookie mogul. | 她是饼业大亨. |
[53:12] | – What are you saying? – I don’t know. I suppose I’m saying… | -你想说什么? -我不知道.我想我是说… |
[53:17] | …people grow and marriages sadly break up. | 随着人们成长,婚姻就伤心地破碎了. |
[53:21] | And women remarry, you know? | 女人就再婚. |
[53:23] | Fortunes, they change hands. | 财富,就换手了. |
[53:28] | – What is this? -It’s a Damon Dexter, a discovery of David’s. | -这是什么? -是Damon Dexter的画,是大卫发现的. |
[53:32] | I say it’s depressing. | 我看太令人沮丧了. |
[53:34] | Knock it off. You wouldn’t know a masterpiece if it bit you in the ass. | 歇菜吧,就算大师作品咬你的屁股, 你也认不出来的. |
[53:38] | – I refuse to look at this, Frenchy. – What is that supposed to mean? | -我拒绝看这画. -你说这话,什么意思? |
[53:41] | It means as long as this is on that wall, I don’t look at that wall. | 意思是只要这画在墙上,我就不看这墙. |
[53:45] | – You’re a head case! -I’ll bet David made a big profit on this. | -你是个疯子! -我打赌,大卫卖这画挣了大钱. |
[53:48] | Hey, whose cookies pay the rent, huh? | 嘿,谁的饼干付的房租? |
[53:51] | I think he’s making a fool outta you. Stevens, come here. | 我想他把你当傻子了. 斯蒂芬,来这. |
[53:54] | Tell me what time it is. I no longer look at this wall. | 告诉我现在几点了.我再也不看这面墙了. |
[53:57] | – 11:00 a.m., sir. – Thank you very much. | -上午11点,先生. -多谢. |
[54:12] | – David, what’s this? – Oh, well, that’s a citrine necklace. | -大卫,这是什么? -是黄水晶项链. |
[54:18] | – You know about citrines? – No. | -你知道黄水晶吗? -不知道. |
[54:20] | They’re not one of the precious stones. | 黄水晶不是贵重的宝石. |
[54:22] | But the luster’s always been considered very special and unique. | 但它的光泽常被认为非常独特无二. |
[54:25] | – And that? Look! – Ah, yeah. | -那个呢?看! -啊,这个. |
[54:28] | Well, if we’re talking about luster… | 如果我们说光泽… |
[54:30] | …this is something very special and I’d imagine very, very expensive. | 这个很特殊,我想很贵,很贵. |
[54:35] | It’s a cigarette case encrusted with diamonds that belonged to the Duke of Windsor. | 这是个烟盒,镶嵌钻石,属于温莎公爵. |
[54:39] | – I know the Duke of Windsor! – Yeah? | -我知道温莎公爵! -是啊? |
[54:42] | He also married beneath his station, right? | 他也娶了比他地位低的,对吧? |
[54:45] | – He did, like our friend Henry Higgins. – Yeah, yeah. | -是的,就像我们的朋友Henry Higgins. -哦,哦. |
[54:48] | Oh, my God, the Duke and Duchess. | 哦,我的上帝,公爵和公爵夫人. |
[54:51] | It was such a romantic story. I saw it on television. | 这是个特浪漫的故事.我在电视上看过. |
[54:53] | Uh-huh? | 是吗? |
[55:07] | Ray? Ray! | 瑞? 瑞! |
[55:10] | What are you doin’ here? | 你在这干什么? |
[55:13] | I’m havin’ Chinese food. That’s what they serve in a Chinese restaurant. | 我在吃中国菜.中国餐馆就有中国菜. |
[55:17] | You want some company? | 想找人陪你吗? |
[55:19] | Who? | 谁呀? |
[55:21] | What do you mean? Me. Who’s talkin’ to you? | 你什么意思? 我呀.你在和你讲话吗? |
[55:24] | Well, where’s Frenchy? | 法兰琪在哪儿? |
[55:26] | Frenchy’s at some piano concert with a guy. | 法兰琪在和一个人听钢琴音乐会. |
[55:29] | Oh. Well, they… | 哦,他们… |
[55:31] | They have take out here, but I don’t think they’ll deliver to a concert. | 他们有外卖,可我想他们不会送到音乐会去. |
[55:35] | Don’t worry about it, May. Frenchy’ll eat. | 别操心了,梅.法兰琪会有饭吃的. |
[55:52] | Dinner was so great! You know? | 晚饭太棒了! |
[55:55] | All that M.S.G. and the grease. It was… What a treat! | 那些味精和油.太好吃了! |
[55:59] | I’m so sick of continental food every night. | 每天晚上都吃咖啡黄油,都腻了. |
[56:03] | Frenchy eats frogs’ legs! | 法兰琪吃青蛙腿! |
[56:06] | – It’s supposed to taste like chicken. – Rabbit. | -应该是鸡味的. -是兔子 |
[56:09] | – Rabbit tastes like frogs’ legs? – No. Forget it. | -兔子和青蛙腿一个味吗? -不.算了吧. |
[56:13] | Are you happy being rich? | 你有钱快乐吗? |
[56:16] | It’s okay. I got a lot of charge accounts and a really nice apartment. | 还行吧.我有很多付帐的帐户,还有个不错的房子. |
[56:21] | I got a maid. I’m still a little Ionely, though. | 我有个女仆.但还是有点寂寞. |
[56:24] | Yeah? How come? | 为什么? |
[56:26] | That guy I was seeing left me… | 我见面的男人离开了我… |
[56:28] | …because he just was so embarrassed about being poor. | 因为他对穷感到不好意思. |
[56:31] | And he hated that I’d pay for everything. | 我统统付钱,他不喜欢. |
[56:33] | So then I stopped paying. And actually, that’s when he left me. | 所以我就不付钱了, 可实际上就在这时他离开了我. |
[56:37] | – I can understand your… – You enjoy being rich? | -我能理解你的… -你喜欢做富人吗? |
[56:41] | – I hate it! – You’re kidding? | -我讨厌有钱! -你在开玩笑? |
[56:43] | No, I hate it. I’m telling you. I hate the life. | 真的,我恨这一切.我告诉你. 我讨厌这种生活. |
[56:46] | – And it’s causin’ me to lose Frenchy. – What do you mean? | -这种生活快要让我失去法兰琪了. -你什么意思? |
[56:50] | I mean, she’s outgrowing me. That’s just what she said. | 我意思是,她正在长得比我快. 她就是这么说的. |
[56:53] | She’s like a different person now. | 她现在像变了人似的. |
[56:55] | I think she’s developing a crush on her teacher David. | 我想她对她的老师大卫有点那个意思了. |
[56:58] | Yeah. Well, you know, he’s very good-Iooking… | 他长得很帅. |
[57:01] | …and he’s bright and very charming and very elegant. | 又聪明,又迷人,又高雅. |
[57:05] | Okay, May, I got the picture. It’s all right. | 好了,我心里有数. |
[57:07] | You know, my God, you really know how to make a guy feel good. | 上帝啊,你真了解怎样使一个男人感觉不错. |
[57:10] | – Well, when you’re right, you’re right. – Thank you. | -当你对时,你就是对的. -谢谢. |
[57:14] | What did you think of her playing? | 你觉得她弹得怎么样? |
[57:17] | I just gotta tell ya, I thought the whole evening was apocalyptic. | 我刚要和你说, 我认为整晚apocalyptic(像世界末日). |
[57:20] | – Apocalyptic? Really? – Yes! I really was agog. | -世界末日?真的吗? -没错!我都agog(震惊了). |
[57:24] | Well, me too. I mean, she’s fabulous. | 我也是.不过我的意思是,她太棒了. |
[57:26] | She’s fabulous and I have to asseverate, she deserves accolades. | 她没致了,我不得不asseverate(一本正经地)说, 她值得accolades(赞誉). |
[57:32] | – Frances, you’ve been memorizing the dictionary. – Yeah, I got the “A’s”. | -法兰西丝,你还在背字典. -是,所有A开始的词都学完了. |
[57:35] | Next week the “B’s”. Right? | 下周开始背B,对吧? |
[57:37] | How do I look? | 我看上去如何? |
[57:40] | I have to say that that dress is just… gorgeous on you. | 我得说你的衣服穿在你的身上太宜人了. |
[57:43] | See? Your influence. Low key, right? | 看,你的影响. 要低调,对吗? |
[57:47] | That’s a very flattering thing to say. | 这是一种恭维的说法. |
[57:49] | – Ray thinks it’s dullsville. – David? | -瑞却认为是没品位. -大卫? |
[57:53] | – Page! -Wasn’t her choice of the Rachmanin off inspired? | -佩琪! -她选的拉赫马尼诺夫曲子没有激情,是吧? |
[57:56] | – Wasn’t it? We loved it. – At first I thought it might incur my animadversion. | -是吗?我们喜欢它. -首先,我想它引发了我的animadversion(谴责) |
[58:00] | – But soon I realized it was apposite. – Aha, I think I see drinks. | -但是很快我意识到她的选择appoiste(适合谈论) -哈,我想我看到喝的了. |
[58:05] | – Good to see you, David. – Nice meeting you. | -高兴见到你,大卫. -见到你们很高兴. |
[58:09] | – Thank you very much. – I love your friends, David. | -多谢 -我喜欢你的朋友,大卫. |
[58:11] | They’re so bright and cultured and refined. It’s another world. | 他们这样聪明,有教养,有体面. 简直另一个世界. |
[58:15] | Well, it’s a world I know you’d love to belong to. | 我知道这是你喜欢属于的世界. |
[58:19] | – Ah, this looks a lot more civilized. – Beautiful. | -哈,这看上去文明多了. -漂亮 |
[58:22] | Let’s take a seat over here. | 我们那边坐吧. |
[58:24] | Anything we get, Cody’s in for his full share. | 我们得到的一切中,Cody要得他那完整的一份. |
[58:28] | That’s how it is. | 事情就这样. |
[58:31] | – You know why I respect Cody Jarrett? – Why? | -知道我为什么尊敬Cody Jarrett? -为什么? |
[58:34] | – Because he loves his mother. – I can understand that, May. | -因为他爱他母亲. -我能理解,梅. |
[58:38] | Because even though he’s a vicious, coldblooded, psychopathic killer… | 因为即使他是个邪恶,冷血,变态杀手… |
[58:42] | …and she encourages him, still it’s sweet. | 她还是鼓励他,温馨啊. |
[58:44] | Yeah, has a sweetness. I wish I had a mother like that. | 是,很温馨.我真希望我也有这样一个母亲. |
[58:47] | – More Pepsi? – Yeah, please. | -再来点百事? -好,谢谢. |
[58:49] | And this is the best part, isn’t it? I love this part. | 这是最棒的部分,是吧? 我喜欢这部分. |
[58:54] | Will you pass me the Cracker Jack? | 请把小吃给我. |
[58:59] | What is it? What are you looking at? | 怎么啦? 你在看什么? |
[59:02] | I happen to be noticing you. I was looking at you a couple of times tonight… | 我碰巧注意你.今晚我看你两三次了… |
[59:06] | …’cause for the first time I had the thought… | 因为,第一次我有这样的想法… |
[59:08] | …that in a very strange way, you got a sweet face. | 你长了一张甜甜的脸, 但是以很怪怪的方式. |
[59:14] | It’s offbeat, you know, in a kind of bizarre, you know… | 和平常人不一样,就是那种很古怪的… |
[59:17] | It’s… I don’t know how to explain it exactly, but it’s right up there. | 我不知道怎么更确切地解释,但它就长在那. |
[59:23] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[59:25] | I mean it as a compliment. I’m sayin’ a nice thing to you. | 是赞美之词,我在说你的好话. |
[59:28] | ‘Cause you being a relative of Frenchy… | 因为你是法兰琪的亲戚. |
[59:30] | …I never before classified you as a, you know, a human-type female, so… | 以前我从来没把你归为… 属于人类的女性,所以.. |
[59:35] | I was married. | 我结过婚. |
[59:37] | I know, I know. This was a long time ago, right? | 我知道,知道.很久以前了,是吧? |
[59:39] | It was a really tragic story. | 这是个相当悲惨的故事. |
[59:41] | My husband, Otto, was dyslexic… | 我丈夫,奥托,有阅读综合症… |
[59:44] | …and the only thing he could spell correctly was his name. | 他只能拼对自己的名字. |
[59:47] | Oh! That is… That’s… | 哦!太..太.. |
[59:52] | There’s no doubt about it. The Burgundy really goes to my head. | 这是勃艮第,我完全肯定,它已经走进了我的脑袋里了. |
[59:55] | – Yeah. – What did you want to talk to me about? | -你刚才想和我谈什么? |
[1:00:00] | I’ve, um, I’ve got a little present for you. | 我有小礼物给你. |
[1:00:04] | – For me? – Yeah. Here. | -给我? -是的.给你. |
[1:00:07] | Ohh! Pretty! I love leather books. | 哦! 漂亮!我喜欢皮做的书. |
[1:00:12] | Oh, Pygmalion! I love that story, David. | 哦,Pygmalion(言情小说名)! 我喜欢这小说,大卫. |
[1:00:16] | There’s, um… You see a little inscription there? | 里面有几行赠言. |
[1:00:18] | “To my favorite Eliza, from your Professor Higgins. Love, David.” | “致我最爱的Eliza,你的教授Higgins. 爱你的,大卫.” |
[1:00:22] | – Gee, I got a confession to make. – What? | -我要做个忏悔. -什么? |
[1:00:25] | I got you a present too. | 我也给你个礼物. |
[1:00:27] | Oh, no. Oh, no. No, you didn’t have to do that. | 不,不,不,你不必要这样做. |
[1:00:30] | It’s in appreciation of all the stuff you’ve been doin’ for me… | 这为了感谢你为我做的一切… |
[1:00:33] | …’cause I know it’s a hard job. – Oh, my God! | -因为我知道这不容易. -哦,上帝啊! |
[1:00:36] | Oh, my God! Frenchy! This is… | 哦,我的上帝!法兰琪! 这… |
[1:00:39] | – Frances! – Frances, this is… | -叫我法兰西丝! -法兰西丝,这… |
[1:00:42] | It must’ve cost you a fortune. | 这一定让你大大破费了. |
[1:00:46] | What good’s having dough unless you spend it, huh? | 有钱不花要钱有什么用,是吧? |
[1:00:49] | Well, I know, but this is so extravagant. | 但这太豪华奢侈了. |
[1:00:52] | I’m embarrassed. | 我不知说什么好. |
[1:00:55] | I’m not suggesting you take up smoking, but I figured, you know… | 我不是要你吸烟,但我想… |
[1:00:57] | …what’s good enough for the Duke of Windsor, right? | 对于温莎公爵有什么用,对吧? |
[1:01:00] | Well, I’m really overwhelmed. | 我真点晕了. |
[1:01:03] | And I feel, you know, my little pathetic Bernard Shaw… | 我感觉到我送的小小的可悲的肖伯纳的书… |
[1:01:05] | …is so insignificant by comparison to this. – No! | -和这相比,太没价值了. -不! |
[1:01:08] | But you see, I just wanted you to know… | 但我只想要你知道.. |
[1:01:12] | …how unbelievably proud I am of you. – This is not insignificant. | -我多么为你骄傲啊 -这并不是没有价值. |
[1:01:15] | Maybe I’m talking out of turn here, but… | 可能有点冒昧唐突,但我想说… |
[1:01:20] | …you’ve just developed so much, and I just feel, you know… | 你进步太大了,我只是觉得… |
[1:01:25] | …you belong in a world of society and high culture now. | 现在你属于上流和高尚文化的世界 |
[1:01:29] | It’s frustrating, because you should continue growing, you know. | 如果停止了,有些沮丧, 因为你应该继续发展. |
[1:01:33] | You should be branching out, you should be traveling. | 你应该扩展,去旅行. |
[1:01:35] | There’s Paris and Rome and the great opera houses and the museums, you know. | 巴黎,罗马,伟大的歌剧院和博物馆. |
[1:01:40] | You should be in a position to cultivate the right kinds of friends. | 这个阶段,你应该多交与你身份相当的朋友. |
[1:01:44] | Anyway, I’m, you know, bif. | 不管怎样,我头大了. |
[1:01:47] | It’s hard, you know, ’cause Ray’s not like that. | 这很难,因为瑞不喜欢这样. |
[1:01:50] | He likes to watch TV in his underwear, suckin’ a Bud. | 他喜欢穿着内衣看电视,舔八喜. |
[1:01:54] | Yeah. Well, that… I don’t know what to say. I can’t comment on that. | 我不知道说什么.这事我不好说什么. |
[1:02:00] | – Can I be frank, David? – Mm-hmm. | -我能直率说吗? 大卫? -行 |
[1:02:04] | Sometimes I think I’ve outgrown him. | 有时我觉得我的成长超过他了. |
[1:02:23] | – Pretty late. – Yeah, you too. What did you do? | -够晚的. -你也不早.你做什么了? |
[1:02:27] | l, you know, I worked late… | 我,我工作得晚. |
[1:02:30] | …and then May and me had some Chinese food. | 然后和梅吃中国菜. |
[1:02:33] | You and May! What’d you talk about over dinner? Cartoons? | 你和梅! 你们吃饭时谈什么?卡通吧? |
[1:02:36] | Are you kiddin’? We went up to her apartment. | 别开玩笑.我们去了她家. |
[1:02:39] | – We watched White Heat on television. – Till 3:00 a.m.? | -我们看电视”白色热浪” -看到凌晨3点? |
[1:02:42] | No. Then we went out and we got a pizza. | 不.然后我们出去吃比萨. |
[1:02:44] | Chinese food and a pizza? | 中国菜和比萨? |
[1:02:46] | With your stomach, I’m surprised you weren’t shot… | 就你的胃,我很吃惊你被一枪打死.. |
[1:02:48] | …breaking into the Pepto-Bismol factory. | 当你闯入Pepto-Bismol工厂时(专门生产胃药企业) |
[1:02:50] | No, Frenchy, I had fun. It was the first time in along time I had a good time. | 不是的,法兰琪.我很高兴. 我很长时间没这样高兴了,第一次. |
[1:02:56] | – I want to talk to you, Ray. – Now? | -我要和你谈谈,瑞. -现在吗? |
[1:02:59] | David’s going over to Europe for a month. | 大卫要去欧洲一个月. |
[1:03:01] | I thought we might go along, see some sights. | 我想我们可以一起去,看看风景. |
[1:03:05] | What kind of sights? | 什么样的风景? |
[1:03:07] | You know, churches, opera houses, ruins. | 教堂啦,歌剧院,遗址啦 |
[1:03:10] | What are you, a stroke victim? | 你是谁啊?中风患者吗? |
[1:03:12] | I’m gonna fly 3,000 miles to see opera houses and ruins? | 我飞3000英里去看歌剧院和遗址? |
[1:03:15] | – Well, I wanna go. – What do you mean, you wanna go? | -我想去. -你什么意思,你想去? |
[1:03:18] | – It’s part of my cultural development. – Will you knock it off? | -这是我文化培养计划的一部分. -你还是一边凉快会儿吧. |
[1:03:21] | You’re Frenchy Fox from New Jersey. Stop puttin’ on airs. | 你是新泽西的法兰琪. 别再住脸上贴金了。 |
[1:03:24] | David thinks that it would be good for me to travel through Europe. | 大卫认为去欧洲旅行对我有好处。 |
[1:03:26] | I get a bad vibe about this guy. | 我对那家伙有一种不好的感觉。 |
[1:03:28] | Because you’re a crook, so you think everybody is. | 因为你是混混,就认为所有人都是。 |
[1:03:31] | I wish I still was a crook, then I’d feel like an actual person again. | 我希望我还是混混,这样我就会 感觉又是个真正的人了。 |
[1:03:34] | I warned you that this would happen if you didn’t grow along with me. | 我警告过你,如果你不和我一起成长, 这一切就会发生的。 |
[1:03:37] | The only thing that’s grown about you is your rear end from too much French food. | 我唯一学到的是,你的臀部成长了, 因为你吃太多法国菜。 |
[1:03:42] | I’m sorry, Ray, but I wanna go to Europe. | 对不起,我要去欧洲。 |
[1:03:44] | What do you mean? We’re married. You can’t just go to Europe with David. | 什么意思?你是有夫之妇。 不能和大卫去欧洲。 |
[1:03:48] | I asked you to come. | 我让你去,你不去。 |
[1:03:50] | ‘Cause you knew I’d say no. That’s why you asked me. | 因为你知道我会说不。 所以你问我。 |
[1:03:53] | My idea of fun is not goin’ to operas and ruins. I get enough sleep at home. | 我的乐趣不是去看歌剧或遗址。 在家睡得踏实。 |
[1:03:57] | I never thought I’d be saying this to you, Ray… | 我从来没想过要和你说这话, |
[1:03:59] | …but maybe the time has come to reevaluate our marriage. | 要重新评估我们的婚姻 |
[1:04:03] | If you go to Europe with David… | 如果你和大卫去欧洲, |
[1:04:05] | …you’re gonna have to reevaluate it big time. | 你真要重估一下了。 |
[1:04:07] | I’m going! I won’t be held back mentally… | 我一定要去。 |
[1:04:09] | …by some overaged juvenile delinquent. | 我不会让一个大龄少年犯妨碍我。 |
[1:04:11] | – Then you better go get yourself a lawyer. – We don’t need lawyers. | -这样你最好找个律师。 -我们不需要律师。 |
[1:04:15] | I’ll go fifty-fifty with you even though it’s all in my name. | 我给你一半,尽管全在我名下。 |
[1:04:19] | You’re right. We don’t need lawyers. Exactly right, because… | 对。我们不需要律师。太对了。 |
[1:04:22] | You don’t have to go fifty-fifty. I don’t want anything. | 因为你不用给我一半, 我什么都不要。 |
[1:04:24] | You can have the house, the business, custody of all the chocolate chips. | 都是你的:房子,公司,所有巧克力饼监管权, |
[1:04:28] | I just want out. | 我只想离开。 |
[1:05:05] | You know, May, it was on a boat that I first proposed to Frenchy. | 我是在船上第一次向法兰琪求婚的。 |
[1:05:09] | Yeah, I know. | 是,我知道。 |
[1:05:11] | All of a sudden, I’m not her type after all these years. | 突然地,这么多年都过了,她不喜欢我了。 |
[1:05:15] | – May I tell you something? – What? | -我可以说你点什么吗? -什么? |
[1:05:19] | You’re not my type either. | 你也不是我喜欢的那种人。 |
[1:05:22] | What does that mean? What the hell does that mean? | 什么意思? 这到底什么意思? |
[1:05:25] | It means that maybe Frenchy… | 意思是,可能法兰琪… |
[1:05:27] | …wasn’t so wrong to try and make something out of her self. | 尝试学点什么,不是太不对, |
[1:05:30] | – Frenchy was nuts! Frenchy overdid everything. – You underdo everything! | -法兰琪是疯子!一切做过头了. -你一切做缩头了. |
[1:05:34] | You know, there’s more to life than turkey meatballs. | 生活除了火鸡丸子,还有很多. |
[1:05:38] | I don’t know what to say, May. I get a bad vibe about this guy, David. | 我不知道说什么. 大卫那小子,我印象不好. |
[1:05:42] | It’s my street instinct, but I just don’t trust him. | 是我混世的本能,我就是不信任他. |
[1:05:45] | Yeah, I know why. | 我知道为什么了. |
[1:05:47] | Because he’s younger than you are, handsomer than you are… | 因为他比你年轻,比你帅… |
[1:05:50] | …he’s much taller than you are, he’s smarter than you are… | 也比你高,比你聪明… |
[1:05:54] | …he’s much more exciting than you are… | 比你有更有激情… |
[1:05:56] | May, don’t feel obligated to pull any punches with me. I can take it. | 别怕我受不了打击.我能承受. |
[1:06:00] | You know, women like a little elegance. It’s more romantic. | 女人喜欢幽雅,更浪漫一点. |
[1:06:06] | So if I had it to do over again, I would do some things differently. | 如果我能重来,我要做得和现在不同. |
[1:06:09] | Maybe I’d sit through a couple of more operas with Frenchy… | 可能会和法兰琪多欣赏几部歌剧… |
[1:06:13] | …especially now since they got the new Sony Walkmans. | 特别是现在有索尼随身听了. |
[1:06:16] | Now that you split up with Frenchy, you don’t even work. | 你和法兰琪分开了,你也不工作了. |
[1:06:20] | No, I don’t work, May, but I got an idea for something… | 不,我不干活,但我有个主意… |
[1:06:24] | …and I wanna talk to you about it. | 我想和你说说. |
[1:06:27] | Really? | 真的? |
[1:06:40] | Wow! What a place! | 这地方真没致了! |
[1:06:42] | That’s the home of Chi Chi Potter, the socialite. | 是叫琪琪的家,她是贵妇,爱社交. |
[1:06:44] | Chi Chi Valezquez Potter. | 琪琪·瓦拉葵兹·波特 |
[1:06:47] | Now, Chi Chi’s got a necklace. | 琪琪有个项链. |
[1:06:49] | It’s all emeralds with diamonds around it. It’s a very famous necklace. | 绿宝石的,下面有钻石.非常有名. |
[1:06:53] | May be you saw it in a magazine. They photograph it all the time. | 你可能在杂志上看到过. 他们老是给它拍照. |
[1:06:56] | – Would it have been on television? – I don’t know. | -上过电视吗? -不知道. |
[1:06:59] | But it’s been in magazines. It’s a famous necklace. I wanna go in there. | 可上过杂志.这项链非常有名. 我要去那儿. |
[1:07:03] | I could live off that necklace if I fence it for the rest of my life. | 如果能把它搞到手, 我这辈子就吃上了. |
[1:07:07] | But you gott a remember what happened when you tunneled into the bank. | 你别忘记你们往银行挖隧道的惨剧. |
[1:07:10] | But that’s the beauty part. We don’t have to tunnel anymore. | 可这正是美好的一幕. 我们不用再挖了. |
[1:07:13] | Now, Frenchy and l, we’re patrons of the arts. | 法兰琪和我现在是艺术守护人. |
[1:07:16] | So Chi Chi invited us to a big party there in a couple of weeks. | 所以琪琪邀请我们去晚宴,几个星期后. |
[1:07:19] | Frenchy’s out of town. You come with me, we get the necklace. | 法兰琪不在家,你和我去, 我们搞那项链. |
[1:07:23] | Oh, uh, see, I never heisted anything before. | 可我从来没偷过东西. |
[1:07:26] | There’s nothing to it. I know where the safe is. | 没问题的.我知道保险柜在哪. |
[1:07:29] | Because this has been on my mind for a while. | 因为这事我想了很久了. |
[1:07:31] | I had dinner over there one night, and I excused myself. | 一晚,我去那赴宴,借口离席. |
[1:07:34] | I was very crafty. I went upstairs, and I checked out the place. | 我很精明,上了楼,查看那地方. |
[1:07:37] | I scoped it all out, and I found the safe. | 我到处找,发现了保险柜. |
[1:07:40] | I got the whole layout in my mind up there, so I know we can do this. | 整个房间布局全在我脑子里, 所以我们可以做. |
[1:08:08] | I don’t wanna wind up in jail. If this is… Wait. If this is such a big item… | 我不想最后进监狱.如果这东西是个大家伙.. |
[1:08:12] | …then they’re gonna be turning the town upside down looking for it. | 他们会全城四处找它. |
[1:08:15] | No. That’s why you’re dealing with a particularly shrewd mentality. | 不会.我的脑子精明绝论. |
[1:08:19] | I got a connection in Chinatown. | 我在中国城有关系. |
[1:08:21] | I bring in a picture that I got from a magazine of the necklace. | 我从杂志上搞到了项链的图片. |
[1:08:24] | He makes me an exact duplicate. I switch. | 他们给我做个一模一样的复制品. 我掉包. |
[1:08:27] | She never knows what happened. She’s, you know… | 她永远不会知道发生了什么事. |
[1:08:29] | Chi Chi’s a dumb, flighty society dame. She’s crazy. | 琪琪是个傻瓜,老不在家, 疯狂好社交. |
[1:08:33] | By the time she figures out there’s a switch, two years from now or something… | 等她明白过来被掉包了,2年过了… |
[1:08:37] | …I’ll be in Florida or The Cayman Islands. | 我早在佛罗里达或卡衣门岛了. |
[1:09:01] | Hello? What? | 喂? 什么? |
[1:09:04] | – I can’t hear you. What? – Shh. | -我听不清.什么? |
[1:09:07] | – I’m in a crypt! I can’t… – Please. | -我在教堂地下室! 我听不.. -请别说话. |
[1:09:09] | What do you mean? What are you talking about? | 什么意思? 你在说什么? |
[1:09:12] | How? Would you gimme a break, Sister? Okay? | 怎么回事? 给我几分钟,嫫嫫. |
[1:09:15] | What? Today? | 什么? 今天? |
[1:09:18] | Look, what do you mean it’s an emergency? | 很紧急,什么意思? |
[1:09:30] | – Oh, hi. – Mrs. Winkler? | -维恩克勒太太吗? |
[1:09:33] | We’re so sorry to bring you back from your vacation. | 抱歉把你从度假中唤回来. |
[1:09:35] | – What the hell’s goin’ on, fellas? – I have terrible news. | -究竟怎么回事? -我有糟糕的消息 |
[1:09:39] | – Something’s happened to Ray? – Sunset Enterprises is bankrupt. | -瑞出事了? -落日企业破产了。 |
[1:09:43] | – How? – Fraud. | -怎么搞的? -贪污。 |
[1:09:46] | – Fraud? Who? – Your accountants. | -贪污?谁? -你的会计。 |
[1:09:49] | My accountants. I don’t even know who they are. What? | 我的会计。连他们是谁我都不知道。 什么事? |
[1:09:52] | You should’ve looked. | 你本应该看一下的。 |
[1:09:54] | We let them handle everything. | 我们让他们处理一切。 |
[1:09:57] | What the hell do I know about running a corporation? | 我对公司管理一窍不懂。 |
[1:10:00] | Did you ever read any thing you signed? | 你签字的东西看过吗? |
[1:10:03] | No, but they assured us everything was okay. | 没有。可他们保证一切OK. |
[1:10:06] | May I get you a drink? | 喝点什么? |
[1:10:08] | I’d like a 1961 Romanee St. Vivant if we have it. | 我要1961年的Romanee St. Vivant,如果有的话。 |
[1:10:11] | I’d have a whiskey if I were you. | 如果我是你,我喝威士忌。 |
[1:10:15] | Well, I don’t understand. | 我不明白。 |
[1:10:17] | I mean, Sunset’s gone? Can’t we do anything? | 落日没了吗? 我们不能做什么吗? |
[1:10:21] | You might be able to put a few people in jail if we could find them. | 你能把一些人送进监狱, 如果我们能找到他们。 |
[1:10:26] | Oh! This is the worst news. | 这是最坏的消息。 |
[1:10:29] | Oh, no, no. Mrs. Winkler, it’s not. | 还不是。 |
[1:10:31] | No? Well, it is to me! | 还不是? 对我,是的! |
[1:10:33] | No, no, no. The worst news is coming up. | 不是。最坏的消息在下面。 |
[1:10:37] | Oh. All right. All right. | 好吧。 |
[1:10:41] | You better tell me. Let me sit down. | 最好告诉我。 让我坐下。 |
[1:10:43] | They spoke to you about expanding Sunset. | 他们向你提过扩大落日的事。 |
[1:10:46] | That’s right. We’ve been planning it for months. Yeah. | 提过。我们计划了几个月。 |
[1:10:48] | In order to do that, you needed a bank loan. Are you aware of that? | 为了扩大,你要银行贷款。 你注意这点了吗? |
[1:10:52] | – Quite a substantial loan. – Get to the point. | -相当一大笔贷款。 -说要紧的。 |
[1:10:55] | They asked you to sign a promissory note to the bank. | 他们让你给银行签个有约束力文件。 |
[1:10:59] | You’re speaking to the wrong person. This is what I got accountants for. | 你这话找错人了。 我找会计就是为这些。 |
[1:11:03] | Yes, but unfortunately your accountants are in Venezuela. | 但不幸的是, 你的会计现在委内瑞拉。 |
[1:11:06] | Wh… This is all so confusing. | 我都糊涂了。 |
[1:11:10] | Frances, you put up your home and savings as a note for a monster loan. | 你把房子和存款都押 在这笔魔鬼贷款上了。 |
[1:11:17] | Could you put a touch of cyanide in here? It needs to be stronger. | 放点氰化物在这里。酒劲要大点。 |
[1:11:21] | You’ve lost it all, Frenchy. | 你失去了一切。 |
[1:11:23] | Or should I say, you’ve been swindled out of it all? | 或者说,你被抢劫一空了. |
[1:11:26] | – You mean, I got… – Nothing. | -我还有… -你一无所有。 |
[1:11:28] | Mrs. Winkler, you have nothing. No house, no bank account. | 你什么也没有,没房子,没银行存款. |
[1:11:33] | Just a couple of large, outstanding loans… | 只有巨额贷款… |
[1:11:36] | …which we feel you can best deal with by filing for bankruptcy. | 最好申请破产来处理它们. |
[1:11:40] | Bankruptcy? Bankruptcy? | 破产? 破产? |
[1:11:42] | – I’m not up to the “B” words yet. – Sorry. | -我还没背到B开始的单词呢. -遗憾. |
[1:11:45] | Does Ray know about this? | 瑞知道了吗? |
[1:11:47] | What difference does it make to Ray? He’s gone. | 瑞知道与否又有什么关系呢? 他走了. |
[1:12:10] | What did you say? | 你刚才说什么? |
[1:12:13] | I’m bankrupt. Sunset’s gone. Worse. | 我破产了. 落日完了. 还要糟 |
[1:12:17] | All my personal dough is gone. The whole ride’s over. | 我个人的钱都没了. 全部结束了. |
[1:12:22] | Well, how… | 怎么回事? |
[1:12:25] | – I mean, how could that possibly happen? – Fraud. My accountants. | -这怎么发生的呢? -贪污.我的会计. |
[1:12:29] | Oh, Ray said not to trust them because the whole firm had mustaches. | 瑞说不要相信住院病人,整个公司同性恋. |
[1:12:36] | I’m, I’m gonna get myself a little Valium. | 我要来点镇静剂. |
[1:12:39] | David, I’m not gonna be able to give you that loan I promised you. | 大卫,我不能给你曾保证的贷款. |
[1:12:43] | What did you say? | 你说什么? |
[1:12:45] | Suddenly it turns out I got people I owe. | 突然我欠别人的钱了. |
[1:12:47] | I know, but you did say that I could borrow $400,000. | 可你确实说过借我40万美元. |
[1:12:50] | – I was using it to cement a deal. – I know, and it kills me! | -我要用它来达成一笔交易. -我知道,可我完了! |
[1:12:53] | It kills me to cop out on you like this, but I’m busted. I’m flat. | 你杀了我,我也不能了,我完蛋了,我没钱了. |
[1:12:58] | – What an idiot. – I guess I am. Yeah. | -真是白痴. -我想我是. |
[1:13:00] | How could you be so stupid and irresponsible… | 你怎么能这么不负责任,蠢到.. |
[1:13:04] | …as to allow some patently cheap, thieving accountants… | 让些世人皆知的憋脚小偷会计… |
[1:13:09] | …to defraud you out of a future? | 贪污,来毁掉你的未来? |
[1:13:11] | I just don’t understand how anyone could be that stupid. | 不知道还有谁这么蠢. |
[1:13:14] | Aren’t you a little out of line? | 说得出圈了吧? |
[1:13:16] | Well, you know I’ve made plans. I’ve made commitments to people. | 我做了计划,答应人家了. |
[1:13:19] | Wow. | |
[1:13:22] | You’ve got a strange look in your eye like the guy from the book. | 你眼中有种奇怪的表情,像书中那人. |
[1:13:26] | Dr. Jekyll or Mr. Hyde or Ted Bundy. I can never remember. | 中的杰克尔博士或海德, 或连环杀手太德. 我记不清了. |
[1:13:30] | Think of the time I’ve put in nurturing an idea that’s not gonna happen. | 可惜啊,我花大量时间的想法,却不能实现. |
[1:13:34] | Is that what it was? The money? | 事情就这样吗? 为了钱? |
[1:13:37] | l, I need… I need my prescription. I need my little blue pills. | 我要我的处方,要蓝色药片. |
[1:13:40] | So I’m gonna go and get them… | 我要去拿药 |
[1:13:43] | …and I would very, very much appreciate it if when I came back, you were gone. | 如果我回来时,你走了,就多谢了. |
[1:13:47] | Than kyou. | 谢谢. |
[1:13:49] | David, if you wouldn’t mind… | 大卫,如果你不介意… |
[1:13:52] | …I’d like the cigarette caseback. – I don’t think so, my love. | -我想要回那烟盒. -我看不行,亲爱的. |
[1:13:58] | Wow. | |
[1:14:00] | I asked you for lessons in life. | 我曾请向你学习生活.. |
[1:14:03] | I guess I really got one, right? | 我想我真学到了一课. |
[1:14:23] | Oh, we’re so glad you could come! | 你们能来,我们很高兴. |
[1:14:26] | – How are you? – Good. | -你好吗? -好. |
[1:14:29] | Langston wants to talk to you about a theater project in Aspen. | 想和你谈谈在阿寺畔 的剧场项目. |
[1:14:34] | – Do you ski? – Me? No, never. Never. | -你滑雪吗? -我? 从来没有. |
[1:14:37] | – Do either of you play miniature golf? – Oh, there’s Binky! | -你们有谁打高尔夫电脑游戏吗? -宾颀来了! |
[1:14:42] | – Oh, hello! – Oh, for heaven’s sake. | -你好. -你们就.. |
[1:14:45] | Mingle. | 随便 |
[1:14:48] | I don’t think you should speak. I don’t think you should say anything. | 我看你不应该开口,不该说话. |
[1:14:52] | But you said make conversation. I was just making it. | 可你说造个谈话,我造了. |
[1:14:54] | I know. Make conversation, but don’t talk. Don’t bring up anything. | 谈话,但不要说话.不要找话题. |
[1:14:59] | Maybe about the weather or something, but don’t… You know. | 或者谈谈天气或其它, 但别… |
[1:15:02] | Now, I’m gonna get in the flow of things here and then I’m gonna glide upstairs. | 我要开始工作了,我悄悄地上楼. |
[1:15:07] | – Should I glide with you? – No, no. I’ll contact you. | -我也去吗? -不,我会联络你. |
[1:15:10] | – Can I get you some champagne? – Sure. | -要点香槟吗? -好的。 |
[1:15:30] | Ray? | 瑞? |
[1:15:34] | I was ju… I was gonna make a phone call. | 我要去打个电话。 |
[1:15:36] | – Have you seen Edgar? – Edgar? | -看见爱得加了吗? -爱得加? |
[1:15:39] | – Where that man gets off to! – I was gonna make a phone… | -那人到底去哪儿了! -我要去打个电话。 |
[1:15:43] | I’ve looked back here, and downstairs. | 这里和楼下我都找过了。 |
[1:15:46] | – Try back there. – I’ll try that. Thank you. | -那边找找。 -我去试试。多谢。 |
[1:16:04] | Oh, Winkler? | 维恩克勒? |
[1:16:06] | – Do you play golf? – Golf? No. | -你打高尔夫吗? -高尔夫?不打。 |
[1:16:09] | I was just gonna make a phone call upstairs. | 我要上楼去打个电话。 |
[1:16:11] | – I guess I was misdirected. – Yes, well, I was gonna use the phone. | -我想我被别人误导了。 -是,我要去用电话。 |
[1:16:16] | I’m sorry. I wanted a match on Sunday, but I’ll get somebody else. | 抱歉。周日我要比赛,我得找个人。 |
[1:16:20] | I would’ve looked forward to it. | 但愿我会打。 |
[1:17:49] | There’ll be rain over the tristate area and increasing fog. | 在3州一带有雨,雾越来越大 |
[1:17:53] | Temperatures will hover in the low 60s till Tuesday. | 下周二之前气温将徘徊在60度左右。 |
[1:17:57] | I must say, you are most amusing. | 你真有趣。 |
[1:18:02] | Would you like a canape? Those are shrimp. | 来点开胃饼? 这些是虾味的. |
[1:18:04] | These are quail eggs. | 那些鹌鹑蛋味。 |
[1:18:07] | I don’t have any idea what they are. | 我不知道这些是什么。 |
[1:18:09] | Thank you. I hate anything with a toothpick. They lodge in your throat. | 谢谢。我讨厌带牙签的东西。 它们停在喉咙里。 |
[1:18:14] | I’m George Blint, mutual funds. And you? | 我叫乔治,互助基金的。 您呢? |
[1:18:18] | May Sloan. I’m a lookout. | 我叫梅。是个望风的。 |
[1:18:22] | I noticed the way you walked and carried yourself from across the room. | 我注意到了,你在房子走来走去。 |
[1:18:26] | You remind me of my wonderful, departed wife. | 你让我想起我过世的妻子。 |
[1:18:30] | You can’t carry yourself across the room. That’s physically impossible. | 你不能携带你自己在房中走。 物理上不可能。 |
[1:18:36] | You’re charming. | 你很迷人。 |
[1:18:39] | You’re the first woman I’ve met since Helen died that I could say that about. | 自从海伦去世后, 你是第一个我这样说的女人。 |
[1:18:43] | Was Helen your wife, or just a woman who died? | 海伦是你妻子,还是另一个死了的女人? |
[1:18:54] | Hi. Where’s Mr. Winkler? I want to talk to him. | 维恩克勒先生在哪?我要和他谈谈。 |
[1:18:57] | Oh, he’s around mingling. | 他在周围随便呢。 |
[1:18:59] | Cloudy today, wasn’t it? With a chance of light sprinkles followed by sunshine. | 今天阴天,是吧?晴后可能转零星小雨。 |
[1:19:03] | Right. Chi Chi, would you get those photographs from the bedroom? | 是。琪琪,去卧室取那些照片来,好吗? |
[1:19:07] | I wanna show Mr. Winkler the property in Aspen where we’re gonna build the theater. | 我想维恩克勒先生看看 我们在阿斯班要建的剧院. |
[1:19:10] | Yes. I just wanna talk to Dr. Henske. | 我正要和汉斯克医生谈谈. |
[1:19:13] | He would be perfect to do Beth Kramer’s face work… | 他将是给Beth Kramer做面部美容的最佳人选, |
[1:19:16] | …after the unbelievable job he did on Mrs. Morton’s buttocks. | 他给Morton太太臀部做得太棒了. |
[1:19:21] | Oh, I’m gonna be right back. Will you just… | 我马上回来,你… |
[1:19:38] | Ray? | 瑞? |
[1:19:40] | Jesus! You scared me. For God’s sake! | 主啊!你吓死我了. |
[1:19:44] | I came to warn you. Mrs. Potter’s gonna come up here… | 我来警告你.Potter太太要上这来… |
[1:19:48] | …to get some pictures that Mr. Potter wants you to see. | 拿些照片,Potter先生要让看看. |
[1:19:51] | – She’s lookin’ for you. – Now, I closed the safe! | -她在找你呢. -看,我把保险柜又关上了! |
[1:19:54] | This is a tough safe! I’m outta practice. I can’t… | 这个保险柜不好开的! 我多年不干了,我不能… |
[1:19:57] | – Did they see you come up here? – L, I don’t think so. | -他们看见你来这吗? -我想没有. |
[1:20:02] | Get out there and stand watch. | 出去,站着,盯着点. |
[1:20:04] | I’m gonna do this again. | 我再开一遍. |
[1:20:07] | Are you okay? | 你行吗? |
[1:20:09] | I’m fine, I’m fine. Get out! Get out! | 我很好,出去!出去! |
[1:20:12] | If you could fit it into your schedule, it would mean so much to Beth. | 如果你能安排时间,贝丝就有福了. |
[1:20:16] | She’s been so down since the divorce. | 离婚后,她情绪一直低落. |
[1:20:19] | And don’t you think… he got custody of the polo ponies. | 你不认为.. 他拥有那些小马的监管权. |
[1:20:24] | Chi Chi, don’t forget those photographs for Mr. Winkler. | 琪琪,别忘了拿照片给维恩克勒先生. |
[1:20:26] | – Where’d he go? – I’ll get them. | -他去哪儿了? -我去拿照片. |
[1:20:29] | – So, you will try? – I’ll do my best. | -你看呢? -尽力而为. |
[1:20:31] | Kiss, kiss. Whoops! | 拜托,拜托. 对不起! |
[1:20:47] | Mrs. Potter is coming. | Potter太太来了. |
[1:21:09] | – She’s gone. – Shh, not so loud. | -她走了. -小点声. |
[1:21:11] | But she’s gone. She’s gone. | 她走了. |
[1:21:14] | Thank you, dear. I want to show those to Mr. Winkler. | 谢谢,亲爱的. 我要让维恩克勒先生看看. |
[1:21:17] | – He wouldn’t leave without saying good-bye, would he? -I don’t know, he’s not upstairs. | -他不会不辞而别吧? -我不知道,他不在楼上. |
[1:21:21] | – Jesus. – I met a wonderful man downstairs. | -主啊. -在楼下我遇到了一个好男人. |
[1:21:25] | He seemed to like me. He said I reminded him of his wife who’s dead. | 他好像喜欢我. 他说我让他想到他去逝的妻子. |
[1:21:30] | But I assume he meant when she was alive. | 可我想他意思说她活着的时候. |
[1:21:33] | May, can you stop talking to me while I’m doing this? | 我干活时,你别讲话好吗? |
[1:21:37] | Little short fellow. Bright yellow shirt, unbelievable tie. | 小矮个. 大黄衬衫. 领带不可思议. |
[1:21:41] | Oh, yes. I think I know the gentleman you mean. | 我知道,你说的那位先生. |
[1:21:44] | He was going up the stairs before. | 刚才他上楼去了. |
[1:21:47] | – Are you sure? – Yes. Mr. Winkler. | -你肯定吗? -是的,是维恩克勒先生. |
[1:21:59] | Ray, I hear something. | 瑞,我听到声音. |
[1:22:04] | Oh! Oh! | |
[1:22:06] | She’s not feeling well. I took her up here. | 她不舒服,我把她带这来了. |
[1:22:08] | – Yes, she’s had one of her spells. – Spells? | -她的魔咒犯了. -魔咒? |
[1:22:11] | – Yes, she gets spells. – How extraordinary. We have a doctor right here. | -是,她着魔了. -太不寻常了.我们正好有医生. |
[1:22:14] | – No, not necessary. She gets these spells. – I’m a hemophiliac. | -没必要.她常着魔. -我有血友病. |
[1:22:18] | – Oh, dear God! Are you bleeding? – Why would I be bleeding? | -上帝!你在流血吗? -我为什么要流血? |
[1:22:21] | No, she… Her neck. Wasn’t your neck… | 不,是她的脖子. 你脖子不是… |
[1:22:23] | It is, but my nasal passages are clearing up now. | 是,我的鼻腔通道正在清理. |
[1:22:26] | I handle all this. On weekends, I do this for a little hobby. | 我全能处理.周末,做这个是我的一点业余爱好. |
[1:22:29] | – She had champagne. – Poor darling. I’ll go get Dr. Henske. | -她喝过香槟. -我去叫汉斯克医生. |
[1:22:33] | Really, I’m… Ray, you have my cortisone pills. | 真不用.瑞,你带着我的药,可的松. |
[1:22:37] | – Me? – My medication? | -我? -我的药啊? |
[1:22:39] | I will feel a whole lot better if I let Dr. Henske take a look at her. | 我要让汉斯克医生看看,我就会好过的. |
[1:22:42] | No, no, you just relax, put your feet up, and I’ll go get Dr. Henske. | 你放松,把脚抬高,我去叫汉斯克医生. |
[1:22:47] | A hemophiliac? Cortisone? Where did you come up with these things? | 血友病患者? 可的松? 你哪儿想出这些词? |
[1:22:51] | – It’s on TV. – The weather’s on TV. I said stay with the weather. | -电视上 -天气也在电视上.我说过一直谈天气. |
[1:22:55] | I thought I did some really quick thinking. | 我想我反应还是快的. |
[1:22:57] | Yes, very quick. Mean while, you’re gonna be examined now. | 是够快,你要被检查了. |
[1:23:00] | Why? I just had a checkup. | 为什么? 我刚做过体检. |
[1:23:02] | Jesus! I got no time to work here. They’ll be back in seconds. | 主啊! 我没时间了.我们随时回来. |
[1:23:13] | I can’t tell the difference between these. | 我看不出它们的区别. |
[1:23:15] | God! Then you better take ’em both. | 上帝! 两个都拿走. |
[1:23:18] | I can’t take ’em both. If they come back and don’t find any necklace here… | 不能都拿走.如果他们回来,发现项链没了… |
[1:23:22] | …we’ve been suspiciously seen in the bedroom. | 在卧室,我们被看见了,会怀疑的. |
[1:23:24] | – I’ll go right to jail. – Especially with your D.N.A. | -我就得去做牢. -特别是你这样DNA的人 |
[1:23:28] | What does my D.N.A. got to do with it? | 我的DNA和这有什么关系? |
[1:23:31] | You better make a choice, ’cause they’re gonna be back any minute. | 最好做出选择,因为他们随时回来. |
[1:23:48] | Ray, let’s go! | 瑞,走吧! |
[1:23:56] | All I know is what I told you, Doctor. | 我所知道就是我和你说过的,医生. |
[1:24:00] | She’s right in here. Come along. | 她就在这.来了. |
[1:24:03] | Here’s Dr. Henske. | 这是汉斯克医生. |
[1:24:05] | Now, what seems to be the trouble? | 哪儿不舒服? |
[1:24:07] | False alarm. It was a hot flash. | 虚惊一场.是热的闪电. |
[1:24:10] | I think it was a menopausal thing. I’ve seen it before. | 我想和更年期有关. 以前我见过. |
[1:24:13] | – I’m given to occasional spells. – Spells? | -有人施魔咒给我 -魔法吗? |
[1:24:16] | Well, not spells, but, you know, she was drinkin’ booze… | 不是魔咒,她喝醉了… |
[1:24:19] | No, no, sometimes for no good reason I get hot and cold flashes. | 是魔咒,不知什么原因.我看见闪电,热的,冷的. |
[1:24:24] | The room will begin to spin, then spots before my eyes, a ringing in my ears. | 房间就开始旋转, 眼前有红点,耳朵里有嗡嗡声. |
[1:24:29] | You’re making too much of it. We should go. | 你编得太多了.我们该走了. |
[1:24:32] | Little pin points of light and my tongue turns black, and I can’t swallow. | 光像无数针尖,我的舌头变黑, 不能吞咽. |
[1:24:36] | – Really? – They diagnosed it as Parkinson’s. | -真的? -他们确诊为帕金森综合症. |
[1:24:40] | But they think it could be the Ebola virus or Mad Cow Disease. | -也可能是埃博拉病毒或疯牛病. |
[1:24:43] | We gotta get her out of here because, you know, it’s a false positive. | 我们得让她离开这,因为是假阳性. |
[1:24:46] | Come, sweetheart, we’re due, we’re due. | 时间到了,该走了. |
[1:24:49] | I do hope you feel better. | 真希望你好多了. |
[1:24:51] | And not to worry, Mr. Winkler, the theater in Aspen will just have to wait. | 别担心,维恩克勒先生,阿斯班的剧场可以等. |
[1:24:55] | The Ebola virus or Mad Cow. | 埃博拉病毒,疯牛病 |
[1:24:58] | – I just said the first thing that came into my mouth. – Great. | -我在说我嘴边的东西 -你真牛. |
[1:25:02] | – I tried to do my best… – Hello again! | -我只是尽力… -又见面了. |
[1:25:04] | George! Do I still remind you of your wife? | 乔治! 我还让你想起你妻子吗? |
[1:25:08] | You kill me. You’re great. | 你笑死我了.你厉害. |
[1:25:10] | You’re not feeling well. I’m taking her home. She’s not feeling well. | 你不舒服.我要带她回家.她不舒服了. |
[1:25:14] | I’m in the book. May Sloan. I’Il, I’ll be better. | 我在通讯录上. 梅 斯路恩. 我会好的. |
[1:25:18] | Oh! Well, I’ll call you. | 我给你打电话. |
[1:25:28] | – Ray, I just got the news about Frenchy. – Frenchy? | -瑞,我刚得到法兰琪的消息. -法兰琪? |
[1:25:32] | Didn’t you hear? Sunset’s gone under. | 你没听说吗? 落日完了. |
[1:25:34] | She was defrauded out of every penny she owns and then some. | 她所有钱都被骗走了. |
[1:25:37] | And I know you’re out of there, but I figured you’d know. | 我知道你在这,但我以为你早知道了. |
[1:25:40] | Yeah, sure, I do know. l, l, l… | 当然,我确实知道.我..我..我 |
[1:25:56] | I came as soon as I heard. | 一听到我就来了. |
[1:26:01] | I got exactly what I deserved. | 我得到了我应该得到的. |
[1:26:04] | I really missed you, Frenchy. | 我真想你,法兰琪. |
[1:26:06] | I’m sorry I blew our cookie company… | 对不起,我把饼干公司搞没了… |
[1:26:10] | …but I’m even more sorry I blew our marriage, Ray. | 但我更抱歉的是,我把我们的婚姻搞砸了. |
[1:26:13] | What do you do? Everybody makes mistakes, you know what I mean? | 你做了什么?人人都犯错误. |
[1:26:16] | The important thing is I still love you. | 重要的是我仍然爱你. |
[1:26:19] | I don’t deserve it. I behaved badly. | 我不佩. 我做得太不像话了. |
[1:26:22] | You behaved like an ass, but that’s one of those “A” words you used to practice. | 你做像ass(混蛋), 可这是你以前熟悉的A字母开始的词之一. |
[1:26:26] | Ass. | ass(混蛋) |
[1:26:28] | But I’m not the easiest guy to get along with. I’m not Mr. Sensitive. | 可我不是容易打交道的人.不是敏感先生. |
[1:26:32] | There’s a lot of things I could’ve done differently, maybe. | 很多事,我或许应该用另外方法去做. |
[1:26:36] | We stayed in separate rooms the whole trip, Ray. That’s the truth. | 在整个旅行中,我们住在不同房间. 这是真的. |
[1:26:41] | So where’s David now? | 大卫现在在哪儿? |
[1:26:44] | – He split the second I went bust. – No! I don’t believe it. | -我一破产,他就翻了. -我真不敢相信. |
[1:26:47] | – He was hustling me for the dough. Sure. – Oh, jeez. | -他卖劲追我是为了钱. |
[1:26:51] | So now we gotta all begin again, you know. | 现在我们要从头再开始了. |
[1:26:54] | And in more ways than one. | 办法却不止一个. |
[1:26:57] | – You still want me? – Still want you? I’m… | -你还要我吗? -还要你? 我.. |
[1:27:00] | Frenchy, you gotta ask a question like that? I’m crazy about you. | 你怎么问这样问题? 我爱死你了. |
[1:27:03] | I’m crazy about you too. | 我也爱死你. |
[1:27:05] | You’re a goddess to me. I’m nuts for you. | 你是我的女神. 我爱得发疯. |
[1:27:07] | You got… Of course I want you. | 你想..当然我要你. |
[1:27:09] | But we’re broke, you know. We haven’t got a dime. | 但我们破产了.连1分钱都没有. |
[1:27:12] | We don’t even own a stick of this furniture we’re sittin’ on. | 连我们坐的家俱中的一根棍都不是我们的. |
[1:27:15] | Can I show you something? Will you sit here? May I show you one thing? | 让你看点东西.坐好了,我让你看一样东西. |
[1:27:18] | – Can I show you… Just let me show you something. – Okay. | -让我给你看点东西 -好吧. |
[1:27:23] | I think you’re gonna be very, very proud of me. | 我想你会为我而非常非常骄傲的. |
[1:27:26] | What? | 什么? |
[1:27:28] | – That’s Chi Chi Potter’s. – Was. Was Chi Chi… Was. | -那是琪琪的. -过去是,过去是琪琪的.过去是 |
[1:27:33] | Keyword. Was. I’m tellin’ you, I never felt so great. | 关键词.过去是. 告诉你,我从来没这样厉害过. |
[1:27:37] | I was back in action again. I felt alive, you know. | 我重出江湖了,我感觉活了. |
[1:27:40] | ‘Cause I always felt that you were keeping me with this whole cookie thing. | 因为我总是觉得你在用饼干养活我. |
[1:27:42] | – Hey, this is glass. – What are you talking about, glass? How’s it glass? | -是玻璃的. -你说什么,玻璃的? 怎么会呢? |
[1:27:46] | – It’s fake. – What do you mean, fake? How the hell would you know? | -是赝品. -赝品? 你是怎么知道的? |
[1:27:50] | I can tell fake from real. This ain’t even good fake. | 我能分辨真品和赝品. 这东西还不是好的赝品. |
[1:27:53] | What are you talking about? What do you mean, it’s fake? | 你在说什么? 是赝品吗? |
[1:27:55] | You know, it might fool some idiot with no eye or no brains… | 这也就骗骗不长眼睛或没脑子的傻瓜.. |
[1:27:59] | …but it’d never pass with a normal person. | 但逃不过正常人的眼睛 |
[1:28:02] | What are you… You’re telling me that I got the phony one? | 你是说,我拿了个冒牌的? |
[1:28:05] | – I came away with the wrong thing? – That sounds like your M.O. | -我拿错了? -这像你的风格. |
[1:28:09] | – You’re nuts! I was in the room. – Yeah. | -去你的! 我在房间里. |
[1:28:12] | And I was gonna substitute the glass one for the real one. | 当我要用假的换真的时候, |
[1:28:16] | Then everything got confusing. | 一切都乱了. |
[1:28:18] | It’s good to see you got the same great instincts. | 你的直觉还是这么”厉害” |
[1:28:21] | – You’re so wrong. – It really is. | -你肯定错了. -没错 |
[1:28:24] | – You take all those lessons, you think you got taste. – Wait a minute. | -你上了一些课,就以为有品味 -等会儿. |
[1:28:27] | I’m gonna show you something. | 给你看看. |
[1:28:29] | You think you learn class and taste, but you know nothing about jewelry. | 你以为在上层混过,有品味, 可你对珠宝一点儿不懂. |
[1:28:33] | We take this and fence it. We go to Florida. It’s the goods. | 我们把它出了手,就去佛罗里达. 就靠这东西了. |
[1:28:37] | That ain’t gonna get us on the subway, much less to Florida. | 凭这玩艺连地铁我们都上不去, 更别说佛罗里达了. |
[1:28:41] | What? You know, you’re such a know-everything. | 什么? 你真是万事通. |
[1:28:44] | You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to spot a clinker like this. | 发现这样的煤渣,用不着火箭科学家. |
[1:28:48] | Who ever made it for you, you overpaid. | 你被做的人宰了. |
[1:28:51] | What can I do if you’re wrong? What can I do? | 万一你错了,我怎么办? |
[1:28:53] | Can I take your nose and twist it till you turn blue? | 非要把你鼻子拧紫了,才相信吗? |
[1:28:57] | Sure. | 当然 |
[1:29:08] | Gee, you broke it. | 你打碎了. |
[1:29:13] | It’s glass, Ray. | 是玻璃,瑞. |
[1:29:15] | I know, but it’s… | 可.这… |
[1:29:19] | Well, Frenchy, I’m not cleaning it up. | 法兰琪,我不会把它清扫的. |
[1:29:22] | You broke it. You got glass over everything. | 你打碎了,搞得玻璃到处都是. |
[1:29:25] | It’s dangerous. You… Jesus, I’m… | 很危险. |
[1:29:29] | I don’t know what you see in me. I’m such a screwup. | 不知道你怎么看我. 我真是个蠢蛋. |
[1:29:31] | It’s glass! Don’t you understand? I got the glass one. | 是玻璃! 没明白.我拿的是玻璃的. |
[1:29:34] | All that matters is that we have each other. | 最重要的是我们还在一起. |
[1:29:37] | We didn’t there for a while and it made me realize how much I need you. | 一段时间我们不在一起, 使我意识到我多么需要你. |
[1:29:42] | – Yeah, but you’re married to such a loser, Frenchy. – No. | -可你嫁给了一个失败者. -不是的. |
[1:29:45] | – It’s glass! – I’m the luckiest woman in the world. | -是玻璃! -我是世界上最幸运的女人. |
[1:29:48] | And the brokest. I’m topped out. We got nothing. | 穷光蛋一个.穷到家了.我们一无所有. |
[1:29:51] | As usual, I come up empty. | 和往常一样,我又空无一分了. |
[1:29:54] | We could pawn this. | 我们可以把这个当了. |
[1:29:56] | What is this? | 这是什么? |
[1:29:58] | What is this thing? Who? Who-Who? | 这是什么东西? 谁? |
[1:30:02] | I don’t understand. Who’s the Duke of Windsor? | 不明白.谁是温莎公爵? |
[1:30:04] | Actually, we could probably auction it. | 实际上,我们或许拍卖它. |
[1:30:06] | – Where’d you get this? It looks… – From David. | -从哪搞的? 看上来像… -大卫那儿. |
[1:30:09] | – David gave you this? – Well, he doesn’t know it yet. | -大卫给你的? -他还不知道呢. |
[1:30:12] | I don’t get it. What do you mean? | 我不明白.什么意思? |
[1:30:14] | Hey, it was you who taught me how to open a safe. | 是你教会我开保险柜的. |
[1:30:19] | l… That was one of my fondest memories of our time together. | 那是我最美好的回忆了. |
[1:30:24] | What are you saying? You boosted this from David’s safe? | 你说什么? 你从大卫保险柜里搞的? |
[1:30:27] | That… Frenchy, that’s stealing. | 那..可是偷啊. |
[1:30:30] | Not exactly. Look, it’s a long story, Ray. | 不全是。 这故事长了. |
[1:30:34] | Let’s sell it, and I’ll fill you in on the flight to Miami. | 让我们卖了它,这样我就把送到去迈阿密的飞机上了。 |
[1:30:44] | – Sweet heart, you are the greatest. – Yeah. | -亲爱的,你是最伟大的。 -没错 |