英文名称:Singin' in the Rain
年代:1952
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:39] | This is Dora Bailey, ladies and gentlemen… | 女士们 先生们 我是杜拉贝利 |
[01:41] | talking to you from the front of the Chinese Theater in Hollywood. | 正在好莱坞中国戏院前为各位报导 |
[01:46] | What a night, ladies and gentlemen. What a night! | 多好的夜晚 女士们先生们 多好的夜晚 |
[01:49] | Every star in Hollywood is here | 所有明星来到好莱坞 |
[01:51] | to make Monumental Pictures’ premiere… | 出席曼纽门托电影公司的首映 |
[01:54] | of The Royal Rascal, the outstanding event of 1927. | 影片《风流皇子》是1927年的一件盛事 |
[01:59] | Everyone breathlessly awaits… | 大家屏息以待 |
[02:01] | the arrival of Lina Lamont and Don Lockwood. | 等待琳娜·拉蒙特和唐·洛克伍德的莅临 |
[02:05] | Look who’s arriving now. | 瞧 谁来了 |
[02:07] | It’s that famous “zip” girl of the screen… | 她是屏幕上的”拉链”女郎 |
[02:10] | the darling of the flapper set… | 新潮的性感女神 |
[02:12] | Zelda Zanders! | 泽尔达·詹达丝 |
[02:15] | Zelda! Zelda! | 泽尔达 泽尔达 |
[02:18] | Her new red-hot pash, J. Cumberland Spendrill III… | 陪她来的是她的新欢坎布兰·史班左三世 |
[02:23] | that well-known eligible bachelor. | 他被看好有望成为泽尔达的先生 |
[02:26] | Zelda’s had so much unhappiness, | 泽尔达的感情路一直不顺 |
[02:28] | I hope this time it’s really love. | 我们祝愿她这次能获得真爱 |
[02:32] | And here comes that exotic star, Olga Mara! | 接下来是异国明星 欧嘉·玛拉 |
[02:38] | And her new husband, the Baron de la Bonnet de la Toulon. | 旁边那位是她的新婚丈夫伯尼特·德·拉·土伦男爵 |
[02:44] | They’ve been married two months already, | 他们已经结婚两个月了 |
[02:46] | but still as happy as newlyweds. | 但看起来仍像新婚一般甜蜜 |
[02:50] | Well, well, well. It’s Cosmo Brown! | 瞧 是卡斯摩·布朗 |
[03:00] | Cosmo is Don’s best friend. | 卡斯摩是唐最好的朋友 |
[03:02] | He plays the piano on the set for Don and Lina… | 他以钢琴为唐和琳娜的演出伴奏 |
[03:05] | to get them into those romantic moods! | 增添浪漫的气氛 |
[03:08] | Oh, folks, this is it. This is it! | 各位 万众期待的一刻来了 |
[03:18] | The stars of tonight’s picture, those romantic lovers of the screen… | 今晚电影中的明星 浪漫的银幕情侣 |
[03:22] | Don Lockwood and Lina Lamont! | 唐·洛克伍德和琳娜·拉蒙特 |
[03:31] | Ladies and gentlemen, when you look at this gorgeous couple… | 女士们先生们 当你注视着这绚丽的一对 |
[03:34] | it’s no wonder they’re a household name all over the world. | 难怪他们成为了全世界家喻户晓的名字 |
[03:38] | Like “bacon and eggs.” | 永远活在人们心中 |
[03:41] | “Lockwood and Lamont.” | “洛克伍德及拉蒙特” |
[03:46] | Don, tell me confidentially, are these rumors true… | 唐 告诉我那些传言是真的 |
[03:50] | that wedding bells are soon to ring for you and Lina? | 婚礼的钟声即将为你和琳娜敲响吗 |
[03:53] | Lina and I have no statement to make at the present time. | 琳娜和我目前并没有这个打算 |
[03:56] | We’re just good friends. | 我们只是单纯的好朋友 |
[03:57] | You’ve come a long way together. | 你少来了 |
[03:59] | Won’t you tell us how it happened? | 难道不打算告诉我们事情的原本 |
[04:02] | Lina and I have made a number of pictures together… | 琳娜和我合作过许多电影 |
[04:05] | Oh, no, no, Don. I want your story from the beginning. | 不 不 要从最开头的地方说起 |
[04:09] | Dora, not in front of all these people! | 杜拉 大庭广众之下不好吧 |
[04:15] | The story of your success is an inspiration… | 你的成功经历鼓舞了 |
[04:18] | to young people all over the world. | 全世界的年轻人 |
[04:21] | Please! | 请告诉我们吧 |
[04:26] | Well, to begin with, any story of my career… | 在我演艺生涯中的每个故事 |
[04:28] | would have to include my lifelong friend, Cosmo Brown. | 都少不了我的一生知己 卡斯摩·布朗 |
[04:32] | We were kids together, grew up together, worked together. | 我们一起长大一起工作 |
[04:35] | Yes? | 是吗 |
[04:37] | Well, Dora, I’ve had one motto which I’ve always lived by: | 杜拉 我有一个座右铭 |
[04:43] | “Dignity. Always dignity.” | 尊严 尊严至上 |
[04:46] | This was instilled in me by Mum and Dad from the very beginning. | 这是我爸妈 从小灌输给我的观念 |
[04:51] | They sent me to the finest schools, including dancing school. | 他们送我上一流的学校 包括舞蹈学校 |
[04:54] | That’s where I first met Cosmo. | 在那里我初见卡斯摩 |
[04:57] | And with him, I used to perform for Mum and Dad’s society friends. | 我和他经常在我爸妈的朋友面前表演 |
[05:08] | They used to make such a fuss over me. | 他们非常疼我 |
[05:11] | If I was very good, I was allowed to accompany Mum and Dad to the theater. | 如果我的表现好 他们就会带我去看戏 |
[05:16] | They brought me up on Shaw… | 让我欣赏萧伯纳… |
[05:19] | Moliére, the finest of the classics. | 莫里哀等 戏剧大师的经典名作 |
[05:23] | To this was added rigorous musical training… | 为了接受严格的音乐训练 |
[05:26] | at the Conservatory of Fine Arts. | 还送我上音乐学院 |
[05:34] | We rounded out our apprenticeship at an exclusive dramatics academy. | 我们在一所顶尖的戏剧学院磨练演技 |
[05:39] | And at all times… | 我每时每刻… |
[05:41] | the motto remained | 都牢记着我的座右铭 |
[05:43] | “Dignity. | 尊严 |
[05:45] | Always dignity. “ | 尊严至上 |
[05:49] | In a few years, we were ready to embark on a dance concert tour. | 几年后 我们展开舞蹈巡回表演 |
[05:54] | We played the finest symphonic halls in the country. | 我们跑遍 全国各地最好的音乐厅 |
[05:58] | Fit as a fiddle And ready for love | 身体健康 准备恋爱 |
[06:00] | I can jump over The moon up above | 我可以跳越过月亮 |
[06:02] | Fit as a fiddle And ready for love | 身体健康 准备恋爱 |
[06:07] | Haven’t a worry Haven’t a care | 无忧无虑 无牵无挂 |
[06:09] | Feelin’like a feather That’s floatin’on air | 感觉自己 就像飘浮在空中的羽毛 |
[06:11] | Fit as a fiddle And ready for love | 身体健康 准备恋爱 |
[06:15] | Soon the church bells will be ringin’ And a march with Ma and Pa | 钟声即将响起 与爸妈一同进入 |
[06:19] | How the church bells will be ringin’ | 教堂的钟声即将响起 |
[06:22] | With a hey-nonny-nonny And a hot-cha-cha | 提琴的声音四起 |
[06:24] | Hi diddle diddle My baby’s okay | 我的宝贝 |
[06:26] | Ask me a riddle I’m happy to say | 问我一个谜语 她说了什么 |
[06:29] | Fit as a fiddle And ready for love | 身体健康 准备恋爱 |
[07:30] | Audiences everywhere adored us. | 我们广受观众的喜爱 |
[07:33] | Get out of here! | 滚开 |
[07:35] | Finally we decided to come to sunny California. | 最后我们决定来到 阳光普照的加州 |
[07:39] | We were stranded… We were staying here, resting up | 我们无依无靠 四处碰壁 |
[07:42] | when offers from the movie studios started pouring in. | 然后突然接到 各电影公司的通知 |
[07:45] | We sorted them out and decided to favor Monumental Pictures. | 评估之后 我们选择了曼纽门托电影公司 |
[07:50] | Lina, you hate him. Resist him. Keep that mood music going. | 琳娜 你恨他 抗拒他 音乐继续 |
[07:54] | Now, Phil, you come in. Keep on grinding. | 菲尔进来 继续弹 |
[07:56] | Now you see her. Now here’s the bit, | 你看见她后 在这里来一拳 |
[07:59] | Bert, where you get it on the jaw. | 伯特 就在他的下巴上 |
[08:02] | Cut! | 停 |
[08:03] | No, no! That wasn’t right! | 不 不 这样不对 |
[08:05] | You were supposed to go over the bar and crash into the glasses! Try it again! | 你应该倒向吧台然后撞倒杯子 再来一遍 |
[08:10] | Okay, Bert? Bert! | 懂了没 波特 |
[08:12] | Oh, that’s swell, just swell. | 这下可好 太好了 |
[08:14] | Take him away, fellas! | 来人啊 把他拖出去 |
[08:16] | You’ll be all right. We’ve lost more stuntmen on these pictures | 这部片子已损失不少特技演员 |
[08:20] | It’sll take hours to get a new one from Central Casting. | 找新的来又得浪费许多时间 |
[08:23] | Mr. Dexter, I can do that. | 德斯特先生 我可以来 |
[08:25] | -You? You’re a musician. -That’s a moot point. | -你 你是个音乐家 -我还称不上是 |
[08:28] | No kidding! What’s your name? | 真的吗 你叫什么名字 |
[08:30] | Don Lockwood, but the fellas call me “Donald.” | 唐·洛克伍德 大家都叫我”唐纳德” |
[08:33] | Wise guy, huh? Okay, I’ll try you. | 你认为自己很行 行 我就让你试试看 |
[08:36] | Get this guy into Bert’s suit! | 让他穿波特的戏服 |
[08:38] | And remember, Lockwood, you might be trading that fiddle in for a harp. | 切记 洛克伍德 你可能从此踏上电影界 |
[08:45] | Camera! | 开始 |
[08:47] | Phil, come in. Now you see him. That’s it. | 菲尔 进来 然后看见他 对 |
[08:50] | Now, here’s where you get it right on the jaw. | 然后朝他的下巴猛挥一拳 |
[08:55] | Cut! | 停 |
[08:56] | That was wonderful! | 表演得太好了 |
[08:59] | Got any more little chores you want done? | 还有我能效劳的地方吗 |
[09:01] | Plenty! | 多得是 |
[09:07] | Okay. | 好了 |
[09:29] | My roles in these films were urbane | 我在这些片中的角色都是温文儒雅 |
[09:32] | sophisticated | 久经世故 |
[09:34] | suave | 彬彬有礼 |
[09:38] | And of course, all through those pictures | 当然在这些片中 |
[09:41] | Lina was, as always, an inspiration to me. | 琳娜一直都是我的精神支柱 |
[09:44] | Warm and helpful. | 温暖而贴心 |
[09:47] | A real lady. | 一位了不起的女性 |
[09:52] | Hello, Miss Lamont. | 你好 拉蒙特小姐 |
[09:54] | I’m Don Lockwood, the stuntman. | 我叫唐·洛克伍德 特技演员 |
[09:58] | It was a thrill working with you, Miss Lamont. | 很荣幸能与你共事 拉蒙特小姐 |
[10:01] | Hey, Don. | 嘿 唐 |
[10:02] | Meet the producer of the picture, R.F. Simpson. | 这位是制作人辛普森 |
[10:05] | I just saw some rushes | 我看过一些样片 |
[10:06] | and asked Dexter who the stuntmen were. | 然后问德斯特这些特技演员是谁 |
[10:09] | He said they were all you. I’m putting you and Lina together in a picture. | 他说全都是你 我准备让你和琳娜合拍一部片 |
[10:14] | Come to my office. We’ll discuss a contract. | 等会儿过来谈合约的事吧 |
[10:16] | Thanks, Mr. Simpson! | 谢谢你 辛普森先生 |
[10:22] | Are you doing anything tonight, Miss Lamont? | 您今晚有空吗 拉蒙特小姐 |
[10:27] | That’s funny. | 真巧 |
[10:28] | I’m busy. | 我没空 |
[10:35] | Lina and I have had the same wonderful relationship ever since. | 我们从此保持良好的关系 |
[10:39] | But most important of all, I continue living up to my motto: | 但最重要的是 我依然奉行我的座右铭 |
[10:44] | “Dignity. | 尊严 |
[10:45] | Always dignity.” | 尊严至上 |
[10:49] | Thank you, Don. | 谢谢你 唐 |
[10:50] | And I’m sure you and Lina will continue making movie history tonight | 我相信今晚你们将继续创造电影的历史 |
[10:55] | in your greatest picture, The Royal Rascal. | 在这部你们最伟大的作品 风流皇子 |
[11:03] | Get enough, boys? | 够了吧 各位 |
[11:42] | She’s so refined | 她好高雅 |
[11:44] | I think I’ll kill myself. | 我望尘莫及 |
[12:26] | Thank you, ladies and gentlemen. Thank you, thank you, thank you. | 感谢各位 谢谢 |
[12:32] | We’re thrilled at your response to The Royal Rascal. | 各位对本片的反应令我们惊讶 |
[12:35] | We had fun making it, and we hope you had fun seeing it tonight. | 我们合作愉快 也希望今晚各位能够满意 |
[12:42] | We screen actors aren’t much good at speaking in public. | 电影演员并不善于在台前说话 |
[12:47] | So we’ll just act out our thanks. | 我们只能表现出我们的谢意 |
[13:00] | Hot diggity! It’s a smash! | 太精彩了 了不起 |
[13:01] | Don, Lina, you were gorgeous! | 唐 琳娜 太漂亮了 |
[13:03] | Lina, you looked pretty good for a girl. | 琳娜 你今晚太漂亮了 |
[13:06] | What’s the big idea? | 为什么这样安排? |
[13:07] | Can’t a girl get a word in edgewise? They’re my public too! | 难道女生就不能插嘴 他们也是我的影迷 |
[13:11] | The publicity department | 宣传部门认为 |
[13:13] | thought it’d be better if Don made all the speeches for the team. | 由唐代表发言会比较好 |
[13:17] | Why? | 为什么 |
[13:18] | You’re beautiful. Audiences think you got a voice to match. | 你是个美人 观众会也认为你的声音甜美 |
[13:21] | We gotta keep our stars from looking ridiculous at any cost. | 我们必需不计代价 维持明星的良好形象 |
[13:25] | No one’s got that much money. | 没人有资格坏自己的形象 |
[13:27] | What’s wrong with the way I talk? | 我没资格说话吗 |
[13:29] | Am I dumb or something? | 难道我是哑巴不成 |
[13:32] | No, it’s just that Don’s had so much more experience | 不是这样 只是唐的经验比较丰富 |
[13:35] | Next time, write me out a speech. I could memorize it. | 下回先帮我写好发言稿让我背 |
[13:39] | Sure. Why don’t you recite the Gettysburg Address? | 好啊 现在你何不 来一段盖兹堡宣言 |
[13:43] | What do you know about it, you piano player? Are you anybody? | 弹钢琴的 你懂什么 你以为你是谁啊 |
[13:47] | Donnie, how can you let him talk to me like that, your fiancée? | 唐尼 你怎能让他用这种口气 对你的未婚妻说话 |
[13:52] | My fia | 我的未 |
[13:54] | Lina, you’ve been reading those fan magazines again. | 琳娜 你一定是看了那些八卦杂志 |
[13:57] | Look, you shouldn’t believe all that banana oil | 你不该听信那些花言巧语 |
[14:01] | that Dora Bailey dishes out. | 都是杜拉散布的 |
[14:03] | Now, try to get this straight: There is nothing between us. | 我得把话说清楚 我们之间根本没什么 |
[14:07] | There has never been anything between us. | 我们之间从来都没有什么 |
[14:10] | -Just air. -Oh, Donnie, you don’t mean that. | -谣言而已 -唐尼 这不是真的 |
[14:13] | We’ll be late for R.F.’s party. | 我们快来不及参加晚会了 |
[14:16] | Better go in separate cars to break up the mobs. Come on, honey. | 最好搭不同的车 以分散影迷的包围 |
[14:19] | Ta-ta, Donnie! See you there! | 再见了 唐尼 |
[14:24] | “Donnie.” | “唐尼” |
[14:25] | Can’t that girl take a gentle hint? | 难道她听不懂暗示 |
[14:28] | Haven’t you heard? She’s irresistible. She told me so. | 难道你没听她说过 她是凡人无法抗拒的尤物 |
[14:31] | I can’t get her out of my hair. This romance for publicity | 我就是甩不掉她 我们这对屏幕情侣 |
[14:35] | The price of fame. You’ve got the glory. | 这就是成名的代价 你功成名就了 |
[14:37] | The little heartaches go with it. | 可在背后总有辛酸 |
[14:39] | Look at me. I got no glory. I got no fame. I got no mansions. | 瞧瞧我 我没有荣誉 我没有名望 我没有豪宅 |
[14:43] | I got no money. But I’ve got | 我身无分文 但我有 |
[14:46] | -What have I got? -I don’t know. | -我有什么 -我不知道 |
[14:49] | I gotta get out of here. | 我得走了 |
[14:59] | Don’t tell me. It’s a flat tire. | 别告诉我又爆胎了 |
[15:02] | This car hasn’t given me trouble in nearly six hours. | 这辆车已将近六小时 没出状况了 |
[15:05] | Hey, there’s Don Lockwood! | 瞧 是唐·洛克伍德 |
[15:07] | Hey, give me an autograph! | 嘿 帮我签名吧 |
[15:09] | -Give me your autograph, Mr. Lockwood! -I want a souvenir! | -帮我签个名 洛克伍德先生 -我要纪念品 |
[15:13] | I want a souvenir too! | 我也要纪念品 |
[15:15] | You’re playing rough here! You’re tearing my…! | 你们太激动了 我的衣服都被扯 |
[15:18] | Hey, Cos, do something! Call me a cab! | 卡斯 帮我叫辆出租车 |
[15:21] | You’re a cab. | 你就是出租车 |
[15:23] | Thanks a lot! | 多谢 |
[15:39] | -Lady, keep driving. -Get out! | -小姐 请继续开 -给我下车 |
[15:41] | -Everything’s all right! -I’ll call a policeman! | -没事的 -我要叫警察了 |
[15:44] | -Just a few blocks. -Don’t hurt me! | -几条街就到了 -别伤害我 |
[15:45] | -I’m not a criminal. -I don’t care | -我不是坏人 -我不管 |
[15:48] | You are a criminal! I’ve seen that face. You’re a gangster! | 你是坏人 我见过你 你是帮派份子 |
[15:52] | I’ve seen your picture in the paper or in the post office. | 我在报纸还是邮局看过你的相片 |
[15:56] | Officer! | 警察 |
[15:57] | -This man jumped in my car and… -Why, it’s Don Lockwood! | -他跳进我的车然后 -他是唐·洛克伍德 |
[16:01] | -Don Lockwood? -How are you? Out for a joy ride? | -唐·洛克伍德 -你好 出来逛逛 |
[16:04] | Just a lift. My car broke down. I got surrounded by | 搭便车 我的车坏了 我被群众包围 |
[16:07] | -You’re a lucky lady. Anything wrong? -Why, no. | -你真幸运 有什么问题吗 -没有 |
[16:10] | No, I should think not. Good night. | 不 我想应该没有 晚安 |
[16:12] | Good night, officer. | 晚安 警察 |
[16:16] | Thanks for saving my life. I’ll get out now. | 谢谢你救了我的命 我马上下车 |
[16:20] | I’m driving to Beverly Hills. Can I drop you someplace? | 我正要去比弗利山庄 你在哪儿下车 |
[16:23] | I’d like to get out of this suit if you’re going by Camden and Sunset. | 如果你正要去赴宴 我这身衣服可能不适合 |
[16:27] | Yes, I am. | 没错 我正要去 |
[16:33] | I’d like to know whose hospitality I’m enjoying. | 请问芳名 |
[16:36] | Selden. Kathy Selden. | 凯希莎登 |
[16:38] | Enchanted, Miss Selden. | 好美的名字 莎登小姐 |
[16:40] | I’m sorry I frightened you. | 抱歉 吓到你了 |
[16:42] | I was getting a little too much love from my fans. | 影迷对我的热情令我难以消受 |
[16:46] | Oh, that’s what you were running away from. | 你就是想逃离他们 |
[16:49] | They did that to you? That’s terrible! | 他们把你弄成这样 太可怕了 |
[16:55] | Yes. Yes, it is, isn’t it? | 可不是吗 |
[16:57] | It is terrible. | 太可怕了 |
[17:00] | Well, we movie stars get the glory | 虽然我们明星名利双收 |
[17:03] | I guess we have to take the little heartaches that go with it. | 我想我们不得不付出一点代价 |
[17:07] | People think we lead lives of glamour and romance… | 观众认为我们享尽荣华富贵 风流韵事不断 |
[17:11] | but we’re really lonely. | 但我们却是寂寞的 |
[17:14] | Terribly lonely. | 非常寂寞 |
[17:15] | I really can’t tell you how sorry | 我真的无法表达愧疚之情 |
[17:18] | I am about taking you for a criminal. | 我把你当成坏人了 |
[17:20] | But it was understandable, under the circumstances. I knew I’d seen you. | 但在这种情况下是情有可原的 我就知道我见过你 |
[17:25] | Which of my pictures have you seen? | 你看过我的那一部电影 |
[17:27] | I don’t remember. | 我忘了 |
[17:29] | I saw one once. | 只记得看过一部 |
[17:31] | -You saw one once? -I think you were dueling. | -看过一部 -你们在决斗 |
[17:34] | And there was a girl. Lina Lamont. | 女主角是琳娜·拉蒙特 |
[17:36] | I don’t go to the movies much. | 我不常看电影 |
[17:38] | If you’ve seen one, you’ve seen them all. | 电影全都大同小异 |
[17:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:44] | No offense. | 别介意 |
[17:45] | Movies are entertaining for the masses | 电影的娱乐性十足 |
[17:48] | but the personalities on the screen don’t impress me. | 但人物的刻画差强人意 |
[17:51] | They don’t talk or act. They just make a lot of dumb show. | 他们不说话也不演戏 只是装模作样罢了 |
[17:55] | Well, you know. | 你知道的 |
[17:58] | Like that. | 大概就是这样子 |
[18:00] | You mean, like what I do. | 就像我的工作 |
[18:02] | Well, yes. | 对 |
[18:04] | Here we are, Sunset and Camden. | 好了 我们到了 |
[18:09] | Wait, you mean I’m not an actor? | 等等 你是说我不是演员 |
[18:11] | -Pantomime isn’t acting? -Of course not. | -哑剧称不上是戏剧 -当然 |
[18:14] | Acting means great parts, wonderful lines, glorious words. | 优雅的舞台动作加上 隽永的台词才称得上是戏剧 |
[18:18] | Shakespeare. lbsen. | 莎士比亚 易卜生 |
[18:19] | What’s your lofty mission in life… | 请问你在哪儿高就… |
[18:21] | that lets you sneer at my humble profession? | 让你如此鄙视我的职业 |
[18:25] | I’m an actress. On the stage. | 我是个演员 在舞台上 |
[18:27] | Oh, on the stage. | 在舞台上 |
[18:29] | I’d like to see you. What’re you in now? | 我想去看你 你在哪个剧团 |
[18:31] | I could brush up on my English or bring an interpreter. | 我可以复习我的英文或是带个翻译人员 |
[18:35] | That’s if they’d let in a movie actor. | 如果他们肯让一个电影演员加入的话 |
[18:37] | I’m not in a play now. But I’m going to New York | 目前我并没有演出 但我想去纽约 |
[18:40] | You’re going to New York, and someday we’ll all hear of you, won’t we? | 你到纽约后终有一天会成名的 |
[18:44] | Kathy Selden as Juliet, as Lady Macbeth, as King Lear! | 凯希演出朱丽叶 麦克白夫人和李尔王 |
[18:48] | You’ll have to wear a beard! | 到时候你就得装个胡子 |
[18:50] | Laugh if you want, but the stage is a dignified profession. | 笑吧 但至少舞台剧 是个有尊严的行业 |
[18:53] | Why are you so conceited? | 跟我说尊严 你为何如此自负 |
[18:56] | You’re nothing but a shadow on film. You’re not flesh and blood. | 你不过是影片上的幻影 不是血肉之躯 |
[19:00] | -Stop! -What can I do? I’m only a shadow. | -停 -我能怎样 我不过是个幻影 |
[19:02] | Keep away from me! Just because you’re a big movie star | 别乱来 别以为你是电影明星就可以行为不检点 |
[19:07] | you expect every girl to faint at your feet. Don’t touch me! | 就以为女孩子都会为你疯狂 别碰我 |
[19:10] | Fear not, sweet lady. I will not molest you. | 别怕 我不会骚扰你的 |
[19:13] | I am but a humble jester. And you? You are too far above me. | 我不过是个卑微的弄臣 而你是个高不可攀的公主 |
[19:19] | Farewell, Ethel Barrymore. | 别了 依莎贝瑞莫 |
[19:21] | I must tear myself from your side. | 我必须向你告别了 |
[19:36] | Is this R.F. Simpson’s house? | 这是辛普森家吗 是的 |
[19:38] | I’m one of the Coconut Grove girls. | 我是椰林歌舞团的成员 |
[19:40] | -Yes, the floor show. Around the back. -Oh, I see. Thank you. | -对 余兴表演 在后面 -我看到了 谢谢 |
[20:07] | -Nice little party, R.F. -Thanks, Roscoe. | -好热闹啊 亚夫 -谢了 罗斯可 |
[20:10] | Do you really think you can get me in the movies? | 你真的能让我演电影吗 |
[20:13] | -I should think so. -Really? | -应该吧 -真的 |
[20:16] | -Hello, Don. The picture’s great. -I loved your picture. | -嗨 唐 好棒的电影 -我喜欢你的电影 |
[20:20] | -Did you come by way of Australia? -Hello, Cos. Excuse me. | -唐 怎么现在才来? -嗨 卡斯摩 失陪一下 |
[20:23] | Cos, tell me the truth. Am I a good actor? | 卡斯摩 老实告诉我 我是个好演员吗 |
[20:26] | As long as I work for Monumental, you’re the greatest. | 当我为曼纽门托公司干活时 你就是最棒的了 |
[20:29] | No kidding. You’re my pal. You can tell me. | 正经点 你是我搭档 告诉我实话 |
[20:32] | What’s the matter? Of course, you’re good. | 怎么了 你当然是个好演员 |
[20:34] | Keep telling me from time to time. I feel a little shaken. | 记得随时提醒我 我觉得有点惊讶 |
[20:38] | The new Don Lockwood. | 崭新的唐·洛克伍德 |
[20:40] | Don. | 唐 |
[20:40] | -Hi, R.F. -It’s colossal. Where have you been? | -嗨 亚夫 -了不起 你上哪儿去了 |
[20:44] | There you are. Where were you? I was lonely. | 终于找到你了 你去哪里了 我好寂寞 |
[20:47] | Hello, Lina. | 嗨 琳娜 |
[20:48] | Okay, fellas. Hold it. | 请各位注意 |
[20:49] | Together again, my two little stars, Don and Lina. | 我的两位明星唐和琳娜 |
[20:53] | No kidding, folks, aren’t they great? | 各位 他们真是绝配 |
[20:58] | All right, open that screen. | 打开屏幕 |
[21:01] | -A movie? We just saw one. -Gotta show one at a party. It’s a law. | -电影 我刚才看过了 -各位一定要看这一部 |
[21:05] | Everybody, I’ve got a few surprises for you. | 我为各位带来了小小的惊喜 |
[21:07] | All right, sit down, sit down. | 请坐下 |
[21:10] | This’ll make you laugh. | 保证令你捧腹大笑 |
[21:12] | There’s a madman coming into my office for months, and | 近几个月来有个疯子不断闯入我的办公室 |
[21:15] | -You got that gadget working? -All set. | -准备好了没 -准备好了 |
[21:18] | Okay, let her go. | 好的 开始吧 |
[21:26] | Hello. | 哈啰 |
[21:28] | This is a demonstration of a talking picture. | 这是有声电影的示范片 |
[21:33] | Notice, it is a picture of me and I am talking. | 请注意片中的我正在说话 |
[21:38] | Note how my lips and the sound issuing from them | 请注意我的唇部动作和我的声音 |
[21:42] | are synchronized together | 配合在一起 |
[21:45] | in perfect unison. | 无懈可击 |
[21:49] | -Who’s that? -Somebody’s talking behind that screen. | -他是谁 -有人躲在屏幕后面 |
[21:52] | Come out from behind that screen, Mr. Simpson. | 从屏幕后面出来吧 辛普森先生 |
[21:54] | Oh, no. I’m right here. | 不 我在这儿 |
[21:59] | My voice has been recorded on a record. | 我的声音已录在录音机上 |
[22:03] | A talking picture. | 一部有声电影 |
[22:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:07] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[22:12] | Well? | 如何 |
[22:14] | -It’s just a toy. -It’s a scream! | -这只是个玩具 -好好笑哦 |
[22:16] | -It’s vulgar. -You think they’ll ever use it? | -俗不可耐 -你想有人会用它吗 |
[22:20] | I doubt it. Warners is making a picture with it, The Jazz Singer. | 我怀疑 华纳公司正拍摄 一部有声电影爵士歌手 |
[22:24] | -They’ll lose their shirts. -It’sll never amount to a thing. | -他们会赔得很惨的 -毫无发展的前途 |
[22:27] | They said that about the horseless carriage. | 有人说把它形容成无马的马车 |
[22:29] | Let’s get on with the show. Okay, boys. | 咱们继续玩吧 |
[22:32] | Come on, my little starlets. | 来吧 我的小星星 |
[22:34] | I have a surprise. A very special cake. | 我为各位准备了一个惊喜 一块特制的蛋糕 |
[22:37] | I want you kiddies to have the first piece. | 我要你的孩子尝到第一块 |
[22:45] | Well! If it isn’t Ethel Barrymore! | 天啊 是伊莎贝瑞摩 |
[22:54] | I do hope you’ll favor us with something special. Say, Hamlet’s soliloquy | 希望你能表演些特别的 例如哈姆雷特的独白 |
[22:59] | or a scene from Romeo and Juliet? Don’t be shy. | 或是罗密欧与茱莉叶中的一幕 来 别害羞 |
[23:02] | You make about the prettiest Juliet I’ve ever seen. Really. | 你是我见过最美的茱莉叶 |
[23:09] | All I do is dream of you The whole night through | 整夜我只梦见你 |
[23:14] | With the dawn I still go on Dreaming of you | 破晓之后我依然想着你 |
[23:17] | You’re every thought You’re everything | 你是我的一切 |
[23:20] | You’re every song I ever sing | 你是我的歌 |
[23:21] | Summer, winter, autumn and spring | 春 夏 秋 冬 |
[23:25] | And were there more than Twenty-four hours a day | 一天二十四小时 |
[23:30] | They’d be spent in sweet content Dreaming away | 我都想念着你 |
[23:33] | When skies are gray When skies are blue | 不论阴晴 |
[23:36] | Morning, noon and nighttime too | 白天或黑夜 |
[23:38] | All I do the whole day through Is dream of you | 我日夜想念着你 |
[24:04] | It’s the cat’s meow! | 这感觉真美妙 |
[24:09] | All I do the whole day through Is dream of you | 我日夜思念着你 |
[24:13] | -I had to tell you how good you were. -Excuse me. | -你表现得真好 -抱歉 |
[24:16] | Now that I know where you live, I’d like to see you home. | 别走 我已知道你住在哪儿 现在我想送你回家 |
[24:20] | -Listen, Mr. Lockwood… -Say, who is this dame anyway? | -听着 洛克伍德先生 -这位小姐是谁呀 |
[24:23] | Someone lofty and far above us all. | 一位高不可攀的公主 |
[24:26] | She couldn’t learn anything from the movies. She’s a stage actress. | 她无法从电影上学到任何东西 她是个舞台剧演员 |
[24:31] | Here’s one thing I’ve learned from the movies! | 这是我从电影上学来的 |
[24:38] | -I’ll kill her! -Lina, she was aiming at me! | -我要杀了她 -琳娜 她要砸的人是我 |
[24:41] | -You never looked lovelier. -It was an accident. | -你的样子好可爱 -这是意外 |
[24:44] | It happens to me five or six times a day. | 每天都发生五到六次 |
[24:46] | Where is she? | 她在哪儿 |
[24:48] | Donnie? | 唐尼 |
[24:52] | Excuse me. Where’d Miss Selden go? | 很抱歉 请问莎登小姐在哪儿 |
[24:55] | She grabbed her things and bolted. Anything I can do? | 她拿了东西就走了 我能为你效劳吗 |
[24:59] | Sorry. I don’t have time to find out. | 抱歉 我没时间 |
[25:04] | Kathy! | 凯希 |
[25:37] | Keep that action going. More steam in the kettle! | 保持那个动作 要更有活力 |
[25:40] | More action, boys. A little more rhythm. | 动作要有节奏一点 |
[25:42] | More steam and more water. | 要更有活力 |
[25:44] | -Hi, Maxie. -Hi, Don. | -嗨 麦希 -嗨 唐 |
[25:47] | Good morning, fellas. | 大家早 |
[25:49] | Did you read Variety today? | 唐 今天看过综艺杂志吗 |
[25:51] | “First talking picture, The Jazz Singer. All-time smash end of first week.” | “第一部有声电影《爵士歌手》 打破首周的票房录” |
[25:55] | -All-time flop end of the second. -We start today. | -马上票房就会跌落谷底 -我们从今天开始 |
[25:58] | -Good luck. -Thanks. | -祝好运 -谢了 |
[25:59] | I’m now Count Pierre de Battaille, known as the Duelling Cavalier. | 我扮演皮埃尔·巴达伊伯爵 决战骑士 |
[26:03] | -What’s it about? -It’s a French Revolution story. | -什么电影 -有关于法国革命 |
[26:06] | You’re a French aristocrat. | 你是个贵族 |
[26:08] | She’s a simple girl of the people and won’t even give you a tumble. | 而她是个万人迷 对你根本没感觉 |
[26:12] | Well, it’s a living. | 演戏嘛 |
[26:14] | Good morning. | 早安 |
[26:16] | Keep the background moving. Hit him. | 背景继续动 打他 |
[26:19] | Come on. Knock him down! | 快点 打倒他 |
[26:20] | Get up there and hit him again. Hurry up! | 站起来 再打他 快 |
[26:23] | Why bother to shoot this? Release the old one under a new title. | 何必拍这些呢 老片子换个新标题而已 |
[26:26] | You’ve seen one, you’ve seen them all. | 只要看过一部 就等于全看了 |
[26:29] | Why’d you say that? | 干嘛这么说 |
[26:30] | What’s the matter? | 什么 |
[26:31] | That’s what that Kathy Selden said to me that night. | 这是那晚凯希·莎登对我说的话 |
[26:34] | That’s three weeks ago. You still thinking about that? | 都三个星期了 对她还是念念不忘 |
[26:38] | -I can’t get her out of my mind. -How could you? | -我就是忘不了她 -你怎么会这样 |
[26:42] | She’s the first dame who hasn’t fallen for you since you were 4. | 她是第一个 没对你投怀送抱的小姐 |
[26:45] | She’s on my conscience. | 我一直很内疚 |
[26:47] | It’s not your fault she lost her job. | 她被辞职并不是你的错 |
[26:49] | -I’ve got to find her. -You’ve been trying to. | -我必须找到她 -你已经尽力了 |
[26:51] | Short of sending out bloodhounds and a posse. | 只差没派出猎犬罢了 |
[26:54] | Come on, now. Snap out of it. | 来吧 重新振作起来 |
[26:56] | You can’t let this get you down. | 别让这件事将你击倒 |
[26:58] | You’re Donald Lockwood. | 你是唐纳德·洛克伍德 |
[26:59] | Donald Lockwood’s an actor, isn’t he? | 唐纳德·洛克伍德是个演员 对吧? |
[27:01] | What’s the first thing an actor learns? | 演员必须了解一件事是什么 |
[27:03] | “The show must go on, come rain, come shine, come snow, come sleet!” | “要演下去 不论是雨天还是晴天 下雪还是冰雹” |
[27:14] | The world’s so full Of a number of things | 世事多变 |
[27:16] | I’m sure we should all Be as happy as | 我们应该及时行乐 |
[27:19] | But are we? | 但我们呢 |
[27:21] | Definitely, no | 根本没有 |
[27:22] | Positively, no Decidedly, no | 肯定没有 明显没有 |
[27:27] | Short people have long faces | 小孩拉长了脸 |
[27:29] | Long people have short faces | 大人眉头深锁 |
[27:31] | Big people have little humor Little people have no humor at all | 大人缺乏幽默感 小孩毫无幽默感 |
[27:35] | In the words of that immortal bard, Samuel J. Snodgrass | 不朽的吟游诗人史纳格瑞斯 |
[27:39] | As he was being led To the guillotine | 走向断头台时曾说 |
[27:42] | Make ’em laugh Make ’em laugh | 引世人开怀大笑吧 |
[27:45] | Don’t you know everyone wants to laugh | 任何人都想开怀大笑 |
[27:49] | My dad said, “Be an actor, my son | 我爸曾说孩子当个演员吧 |
[27:52] | but be a comical one” | 当个喜剧演员 |
[27:55] | They’ll be standin’in lines | 观众将大排长龙 |
[27:58] | For those old honky-tonk monkeyshines | 看你耍把戏 |
[28:01] | Now you could study Shakespeare And be quite elite | 你可以研究莎士比亚 当个上等人 |
[28:04] | And you could charm the critics And have nothing to eat | 虽然你能迷倒剧评家 但却可能三餐不继 |
[28:07] | Just slip on a banana peel The world’s at your feet | 因香蕉皮而摔一跤 就能笑倒众生 |
[28:10] | Make ’em laugh Make ’em laugh | 引世人开怀大笑吧 |
[28:12] | Make ’em laugh | 引世人开怀大笑吧… |
[28:14] | Make ’em laugh | 引世人开怀大笑吧 |
[28:16] | Don’t you know everyone wants to laugh? | 任何人都想开怀大笑 |
[28:19] | My Grandpa said, “Go out and tell ’em a joke | 我祖父曾说对观众说个笑话吧 |
[28:23] | but give it plenty of hoke” | 加入一些噱头 |
[28:26] | Make ’em roar Make ’em scream | 让观众惊声尖叫 |
[28:28] | Take a fall, butt a wall Split a seam | 摔跤撞墙都可以 |
[28:32] | You start off by pretending You’re a dancer with grace | 假装你是个舞姿优雅的舞者 |
[28:35] | You wiggle till they’re giggling All over the place | 扭腰摆臀笑倒观众 |
[28:38] | And then you get A great big custard pie in the face | 然后将蛋糕往脸上砸 |
[28:41] | Make ’em laugh Make ’em laugh | 引世人开怀大笑吧 |
[28:42] | Make ’em laugh | 引世人开怀大笑吧 |
[28:45] | Make ’em laugh | 引世人开怀大笑吧 |
[28:47] | Don’t ya… All the… | 不要 所有的 |
[28:48] | What…? | 什么 |
[28:50] | My Dad… | 我爸 |
[28:56] | They’ll be standing in lines | 他们将大排长龙 |
[28:59] | For those old honky-tonk monkeyshines | 看你耍把戏 |
[30:15] | Make ’em laugh Make ’em laugh | 引世人开怀大笑吧 |
[30:18] | Don’t you know everyone | 难道你不知道世人 |
[30:31] | Make ’em laugh | 引世人开怀大笑吧 |
[30:35] | Make ’em laugh | 引世人开怀大笑吧 |
[30:39] | Make ’em laugh | 引世人开怀大笑吧 |
[30:44] | Make ’em laugh Make ’em laugh | 引世人开怀大笑吧 |
[30:47] | Make ’em laugh | 引世人开怀大笑吧 |
[30:57] | Ready, Don? | 准备好了没 唐? |
[30:58] | -All set. -Here we go again. | -好了 -我们走吧 |
[31:00] | -We have another smash on our hands. -I hope so. | -我们将再度引起轰动 -希望如此 |
[31:03] | You’re darn tooting we have. | 你是我们的摇钱树 |
[31:04] | Where’s Lina? | 琳娜在哪儿 |
[31:05] | Here she is, Mr. Dexter. | 她来了 德斯特先生 |
[31:07] | Well! Here comes our lovely leading lady now. | 我们可爱的女主角出现了 |
[31:10] | This wig weighs a ton. What dope’d wear a thing like this? | 这假发好重啊 谁会戴这种东西啊 |
[31:14] | Everybody wore them. | 大家都戴 |
[31:15] | Then everybody was a dope. | 那他们都是笨蛋 |
[31:17] | -You look beautiful. -You look great. | -你好漂亮 -你漂亮极了 |
[31:19] | Let’s get into the set. | 我们走吧 |
[31:22] | Thanks, Joe. | 谢了 |
[31:23] | I looked for you at Wally Ray’s party. Where were you? | 我在瓦利雷的宴会上一直找你 你上哪儿去了 |
[31:27] | I’ve been busy. | 我在忙 |
[31:29] | And I know what you’ve been busy at. Looking for that girl. | 我知道你忙着找那个女孩 |
[31:32] | -As a matter of fact, yes. -Why? | -其实 没错 -为什么 |
[31:34] | I’ve been worried about her. | 因为我担心她 |
[31:36] | You should’ve been worried about me. | 你该担心的人是我 |
[31:38] | I’m the one who got the whipped cream in the kisser. | 因为被蛋糕砸的人是我 |
[31:41] | Yes, but you didn’t lose your job, and she did. | 但丢掉工作的人是她不是你 |
[31:44] | You’re darn tooting she did. I arranged it. | 她罪有应得 这是我安排的 |
[31:47] | What? | 什么 |
[31:48] | They weren’t gonna fire her, so I told them they better. | 是我说服他们把她开除的 |
[31:52] | -Why… -Don, now remember. | -为什 -唐 记着 |
[31:54] | You’re madly in love with her and you have to overcome her shyness. | 你深爱着她 而且必须征服她的羞怯 |
[31:58] | Cosmo, mood music. | 卡斯摩 情境音乐 |
[32:02] | Roll ’em! | 开始 |
[32:05] | Okay, Don. | 唐 |
[32:07] | Now enter. | 进来 |
[32:09] | You see her. | 看见她 |
[32:11] | Run to her! | 奔向她 |
[32:17] | Why, you rattlesnake, you. You got that poor kid fired. | 你这坏女人竟然害她失去工作 |
[32:21] | That’s not all I’m gonna do if I ever get my hands on her. | 我的手段还可以更狠毒 |
[32:25] | I never heard of anything so low. | 我没见过这么卑劣的人 |
[32:28] | Fine. Fine. Looks great. | 很好 |
[32:30] | What did you do it for? | 为何这样做 |
[32:32] | Because you liked her. I could tell. | 因为我看得出来你喜欢她 |
[32:35] | So that’s it. | 我受够了 |
[32:37] | Believe me, I don’t like her half as much as I hate you. | 相信我 我对你的恨 比对她的爱还深 |
[32:41] | You reptile. | 你这冷血动物 |
[32:43] | Sticks and stones may break my bones. | 这一切快令我崩溃了 |
[32:46] | I’d like to break every bone in your body. | 我想打断你身上的每一根骨头 |
[32:48] | You and who else, you big lummox? | 你和谁 你这大笨蛋 |
[32:51] | Now kiss her, Don. | 亲她 |
[32:54] | That’s it. | 很好 |
[32:55] | More. | 再来 |
[32:56] | Great! | 很好 |
[32:57] | Cut! | 停 |
[33:00] | You couldn’t kiss me like that and not mean it just a teensy-weensy bit. | 你如此地亲吻我 不可能对我毫无感觉吧 |
[33:04] | Meet the world’s greatest actor. I’d rather kiss a tarantula! | 我只是个敬业的演员 我宁可亲吻鸟蛛 |
[33:07] | -You don’t mean that! -I don’t…? | -你口是心非 -是吗 |
[33:10] | Joe, bring me a tarantula. Now listen | 乔 帮我拿只鸟蛛来 你给我听着 |
[33:12] | Stop that chitchat, you lovebirds. Let’s get another take. | 够了 你们小两口 咱们继续拍吧 |
[33:15] | Hold it. | 等等 |
[33:17] | -Hold it, Dexter! -Hello, Mr. Simpson. | -哈啰 德斯特 -辛普森先生 |
[33:18] | We’re really rolling. | 我们正在拍摄 |
[33:20] | Well, you can stop rolling at once. | 那你可以立即停止拍摄了 |
[33:22] | All right, everybody! Save it! | 各位 停下吧 |
[33:24] | -Save it? -Tell them to go home. We’re shutting down. | -停下 -让他们回家去 我们要关门大吉了 |
[33:27] | Don’t stand there. Tell them! | 别站在那里 告诉他们 |
[33:29] | -Go home until further notice! -What is this? | -回家去静候通知吧 -这是怎么回事 |
[33:32] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[33:33] | The Jazz Singer, that’s what’s the matter. | 全是爵士歌手惹的祸 |
[33:35] | Oh, my darling little mammy Down in Alabamy | 噢 我在家乡的妈咪呀 |
[33:39] | This is no joke. It’s a sensation. The public’s screaming for more. | 这不是闹着玩的 它已造成轰动 观众想要更多 |
[33:42] | -More what? -Talking pictures. | -更多什么 -有声电影 |
[33:45] | -It’s just a freak. -We should have such a freak. | -有声电影就像个怪胎 -我们就该制造这种怪胎 |
[33:48] | I said talking pictures were a menace, but no one would listen. | 我告诉过你有声电影 会造成威胁 却没人听我的 |
[33:52] | We’re going to make The Duelling Cavalier into a talking picture. | 我们必须将 决战骑士拍成有声电影 |
[33:56] | That means I’m out of a job. | 那么我失业了 |
[33:58] | I can start suffering and write that symphony. | 现在我可以写交响曲糊口度日了 |
[34:00] | We’ll put you in as head of the music department. | 我们打算让你成为音乐部门的主管 |
[34:03] | Thanks. I can stop suffering and write that symphony. | 谢了 那么我可以写交响曲为业了 |
[34:06] | Wait a second. Talking pictures! You should wait | 等等 有声电影 你应该等到 |
[34:09] | Every studio’s jumping on the bandwagon. | 每个片场都开始拍摄有声电影 |
[34:12] | All the theaters are putting in sound equipment. | 每家戏院也都添购音响器材 |
[34:15] | We know nothing about it. | 我们对有声电影一无所知 |
[34:16] | What do you have to know? | 知道什么 |
[34:18] | You do what you always did. You just add talking to it. | 只要照原来的方式演戏 再加上对话就行了 |
[34:22] | Believe me, it’ll be a sensation. | 相信我 这一定会造成轰动的 |
[34:24] | “Lamont and Lockwood. They talk!” | “拉蒙特与洛克伍德 他们说话了” |
[34:27] | Well, of course we talk. Don’t everybody? | 我们当然会说话 谁不会啊 |
[34:47] | I got a feeling You’re fooling | 我感觉你在玩弄我 |
[34:49] | I got a feeling You’re havin’fun | 我感觉你以此为乐 |
[34:51] | I get the go-by When you are done foolin’with me | 玩腻之后便一脚把我踢开 |
[34:54] | It’s a holiday, today’s The Wedding of the Painted Doll | 今天是她结婚的日子 |
[34:58] | It’s a jolly day The news is spreading | 一个欢乐的日子 |
[35:00] | Should I reveal exactly how I feel | 我该向她吐露真相吗 |
[35:04] | Should I confess | 该向她告白吗 |
[35:08] | I got a feeling you’re fooling I got a feeling you’re… | 我感觉你在玩弄我 |
[35:13] | It’s a holiday, today’s | 今天是个欢乐的日子 |
[35:14] | Should I reveal | 我该向她 |
[35:16] | Exactly how I feel | 吐露真言吗 |
[35:30] | Beautiful girl You’re a lovely picture | 美丽的女孩 你是个可爱的美女 |
[35:34] | Beautiful girl You’re a gorgeous mixture | 美丽的女孩 你美若天仙 |
[35:37] | Of all that lies Under the big blue skies | 因那碧海蓝天之下的所有谎言 |
[35:43] | My heart cries | 我心在哭泣 |
[35:45] | Who’s that? She looks familiar. | 她是谁 看着好面熟啊 |
[35:48] | I featured her before, in lots of nightclub shows. | 以前我给她做过特写 她在夜总会表演 |
[35:51] | I’ve seen her there. | 我见过她 |
[35:52] | She’d be good as Zelda’s sister. | 她可以扮演泽尔达的妹妹 |
[35:54] | -That’s a good idea. -Excuse me. | -好主意 -抱歉 |
[35:58] | There may be blondes and brunettes That are hard to resist | 虽然金发美女和黑发美女 同样令人难以抗拒 |
[36:03] | You surpass them like a queen | 但你却让她们相形见绌 |
[36:07] | You’ve got those lips That were meant to be kissed | 你的双唇需要亲吻的滋润 |
[36:11] | And you’re over sweet 16 | 你是个甜姐儿 |
[36:15] | Beautiful girl What a gorgeous creature | 美丽的女孩啊 你是造物者的杰作 |
[36:19] | Beautiful girl Let me call a preacher | 美丽的女孩啊 我要向牧师告解 |
[36:22] | What can I do | 我该怎么做 |
[36:24] | But give my heart to you? | 掏出我的心给你 |
[36:30] | A beautiful girl Is like a great work of art | 美女就像是一件艺术精品 |
[36:35] | She’s stylish She’s chic | 装着入时 打扮时髦 |
[36:39] | And she also is smart | 而且聪慧过人 |
[36:46] | For lounging in her boudoir | 躺在她的闺房 |
[36:49] | This simple plain pajama | 这件简单的睡衣 |
[36:53] | Her cloak is trimmed with monkey fur | 她的披风点缀着猴毛 |
[36:56] | To lend a dash of drama | 使她更加万种风情 |
[37:00] | Anyone for tennis? | 谁想打网球 |
[37:01] | Well, this will make them cringe | 这姿色将迷倒众生 |
[37:06] | And you’ll knock ’em dead at dinner | 让他们拜倒石榴裙下 |
[37:08] | If your gown just drips with fringe | 当你穿着晚礼服时 |
[37:13] | You simply can’t be too modest At the beach or by the pool | 在海边或泳池畔就不能太保守 |
[37:20] | And in summertime, it’s organdy | 在炎炎夏日 |
[37:23] | That’ll keep you fresh and cool | 薄纱能使你神清气爽 |
[37:26] | You’d never guess what loud applause | 你永远想象不到这顶帽子 |
[37:29] | This cunning hat receives | 能引来热烈的掌声 |
[37:33] | And you’d never dream the things That you could hide | 而且你也想象不到 |
[37:37] | Within these sleeves | 你的袖口能隐藏多少秘密 |
[37:39] | A string of pearls with a suit of tweed | 一串珍珠和一件花呢衫 |
[37:43] | It’s started quite a riot | 就能引来一阵骚动 |
[37:46] | And if you must wear fox to the opera | 如果你一定要披狐皮去看歌剧 |
[37:49] | Dame Fashion says, “Dye it” | 时尚杂志说 去染色吧 |
[37:53] | Black is best when you’re in court | 上法庭最好穿黑色 |
[37:56] | The judge will be impressed | 它能让法官留下深刻的印象 |
[38:01] | But white is right when you’re a bride | 但结婚时最好是穿白色礼服 |
[38:05] | And you want to be well-dressed | 而且你也想盛装打扮 |
[38:13] | Beautiful girl | 美丽的女孩啊 |
[38:16] | For you I’ve got a passion | 你让我深深迷恋 |
[38:19] | Beautiful girl | 美丽的女孩啊 |
[38:23] | You’re my queen of fashion | 你是我的流行皇后 |
[38:26] | I’m in a whirl | 我深陷爱的旋涡 |
[38:30] | Over… | 啊 |
[38:32] | my beautiful girl | 我美丽的女孩啊 |
[38:46] | -That’s stupendous! -Thanks. | -太精彩了 -谢谢 |
[38:48] | Kathy, come here. | 凯希 过来 |
[38:50] | This will start a trend in musical pictures. | 它将掀起歌舞片的风潮 |
[38:52] | Mr. Simpson’s thinking about casting you as Zelda’s sister. | 辛普森先生 打算让你成为泽尔达的接班人 |
[38:55] | That’s wonderful! | 那太好了 |
[38:57] | Hey, Kathy! | 凯希 |
[38:58] | That’s Kathy Selden. | 是凯希·莎登 |
[39:00] | Thanks anyway. It was nice of you. | 感谢 你真是太好了 |
[39:02] | -Wait a minute. -That’s all right. | -等等 -没关系 |
[39:04] | Before Mr. Lockwood refreshes your memory, you may as well know | 在洛克伍德先生告诉你之前 你也应该知道 |
[39:07] | I hit Miss Lamont with the cake. | 是我用蛋糕砸拉蒙特小姐 |
[39:09] | It was meant for Mr. Lockwood. | 本来是要砸拉洛克伍德先生的 |
[39:12] | I’m sorry. I should’ve told you. | 抱歉 我早就该承认了 |
[39:14] | Wait a minute. What’s this all about? | 这是怎么回事 |
[39:17] | We were gonna use her, but if it’d make you and Lina unhappy… | 我们准备用她 但如果你不高兴 |
[39:20] | Unhappy? It’s wonderful. | 不高兴 我高兴都来不及了 |
[39:22] | He’s been looking for her! | 他一直在找她 |
[39:24] | Are you speaking for Lina also? | 琳娜也这样认为 |
[39:26] | The owner of the Coconut Grove may do what Lina tells him | 或许椰林歌舞团的老板会听琳娜的话 |
[39:29] | -but you’re the head of this studio. -Yes, I am. | -但你是本公司的老板 -没错 |
[39:32] | She’s hired. Don’t let Lina know she’s on the lot. | 她被录取了 别让琳娜知道她在这儿 |
[39:35] | Take care of that. | 你去处理 |
[39:36] | Thank you, Mr. Simpson! | 谢谢 |
[39:37] | I’m glad you turned up. We’ve been looking inside every cake in town. | 你终于出现了 我们找遍了城里所有的蛋糕 |
[39:43] | Is it all right for you to be seen with me? | 不介意被人看见我们在一起 |
[39:45] | You mean, lofty star with humble player? | 闪亮的巨星和卑微的小演员 |
[39:48] | Not exactly. But for lunch, don’t you tear a pheasant with Miss Lamont? | 我没这意思 你不是常和拉蒙特小姐一起吃饭 |
[39:52] | Look, Kathy. All that stuff about Lina and me is sheer publicity. | 我和琳娜的一切全是为了宣传 |
[39:57] | Oh? Certainly seems more than that | 是吗 一定比 |
[40:00] | from what I’ve read in all those articles in the fan magazines. | 我在八卦杂志上看见的还要精彩 |
[40:04] | Oh, you read the fan magazines? | 你也看八卦杂志 |
[40:08] | I pick them up in the beauty parlor or the dentist’s office | 我只有做头发或看牙医时才看 |
[40:11] | just like anybody. | 就和一般人一样 |
[40:13] | Honest? | 真的 |
[40:16] | I buy four or five a month. | 一个月买四 五本 |
[40:18] | You buy four or five | 你买四 五本 |
[40:21] | To get back to the main point | 言归正传 |
[40:23] | you achieve a kind of intimacy in all your pictures | 你们在主演的所有电影中总是亲亲我我 |
[40:26] | Did you say all my pictures? | 你看过我所有的电影 |
[40:31] | Now that I think of it, I’ve seen eight or nine of them. | 让我想想 我看过大概八 九部吧 |
[40:34] | Eight or nine. | 八 九部 |
[40:35] | It seems to me I remember someone saying: | 我记得有人说 |
[40:38] | “If you’ve seen one, you’ve seen them all.” | 如果你看过一部 就等于全看了 |
[40:43] | I did say some awful things that night, didn’t I? | 那一夜我说了一些不中听的话 对不对 |
[40:47] | No, I deserved them. | 不 我罪有应得 |
[40:50] | Of course, I must admit I was pretty much upset by them. | 当然我必须承认 我听完后挺难过的 |
[40:54] | So upset that I haven’t been able to think of anything but you ever since. | 难过得从此之后 满脑子想的都是你 |
[41:00] | Honest? | 真的 |
[41:02] | Honest. | 真的 |
[41:07] | I’ve been pretty upset too. | 我也一直很难过 |
[41:10] | Kathy, look, I | 凯希 我 |
[41:12] | Kathy, seeing you again now that I… | 凯希 有幸能与你重逢 |
[41:19] | I’m trying to say something to you, but I… | 我有些话想对你说 可是我 |
[41:22] | I’m such a ham. | 不善言辞 |
[41:24] | I guess I’m not able to without the proper setting. | 不在适当的情形下开不了口 |
[41:27] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 这个嘛 |
[41:30] | Come here. | 来 |
[41:40] | This is the proper setting. | 这里就是适当的环境 |
[41:43] | Why, it’s just an empty stage. | 不过是个空荡荡的舞台 |
[41:45] | At first glance, yes. | 乍看之下 的确如此 |
[41:47] | But wait a second. | 但请稍待一下 |
[41:51] | A beautiful sunset. | 美丽的夕阳 |
[41:56] | Mist from the distant mountains. | 远山飘来的薄雾 |
[42:01] | Colored lights in a garden. | 花园里的彩光 |
[42:05] | Milady is standing on her balcony, in a rose-trellised bower | 贵妇站在阳台上 那是一个玫瑰花棚 |
[42:14] | flooded with moonlight. | 被月光照映着 |
[42:16] | We add 500,000 kilowatts of stardust. | 加上五十万千瓦的星光 |
[42:23] | A soft summer breeze. | 一阵夏日的微风 |
[42:29] | You sure look lovely in the moonlight. | 凯希 月光下的你美若天仙 |
[42:33] | Now that you have the proper setting, can you say it? | 在如此浪漫的气氛下 可以说了吗 |
[42:39] | I’ll try. | 我试试看 |
[42:42] | Life was a song | 生命就像一首歌 |
[42:45] | You came along | 而你闯进了我的生命 |
[42:48] | I’ve laid awake the whole night through | 我彻夜辗转反侧 |
[42:54] | If I but dared | 想象着你 |
[42:58] | To think you cared | 也同样思念着我 |
[43:01] | This is what | 我想对你说 |
[43:03] | I’d say to you | 我的肺腑之言 |
[43:10] | You were meant for me | 你属于我 |
[43:18] | And I was meant for you | 我也属于你 |
[43:26] | Nature patterned you | 你是造物者的杰作 |
[43:30] | And when she was done | 当造物者完成这件杰作时 |
[43:34] | You were all the sweet things | 你便成为… |
[43:39] | Rolled up in one | 一切美的化身 |
[43:42] | You’re like | 你就像 |
[43:44] | A plaintive melody | 幽伤的旋律 |
[43:52] | That never lets me free | 回荡在我的脑海 |
[44:00] | But I’m content | 但我心足矣 |
[44:05] | The angels must have sent you | 你一定是上天派来的 |
[44:09] | And they meant you | 你是上天特地 |
[44:14] | Just for me | 特地为我派来的 |
[45:44] | But I’m content | 但我心足矣 |
[45:50] | The angels must have sent you | 你一定是上天派来的 |
[45:55] | And they meant you | 你是上天特地 |
[46:02] | Just for me | 特地为我派来的 |
[46:25] | Now | 来 |
[46:37] | No, no, Miss Lamont | 不对 拉蒙特小姐 |
[46:39] | round tones, round tones. | 是圆唇音 圆唇音 |
[46:42] | Now let me hear you read your line. | 念这段来听听 |
[46:46] | “And I can’t stan”im.” | 我受不了他 |
[46:49] | And I can’t stand him. | 我受不了他 |
[46:52] | “And I can’t stan”im.” | 我受不了他 |
[46:56] | “Can’t.” | 不 |
[46:57] | Can’t. | 不 |
[46:59] | “Can’t.” | 不 |
[47:02] | Can’t! | 不 |
[47:04] | Can’t. Can’t. | 不 不 |
[47:07] | Very good. | 很好 |
[47:08] | “Around the rocks the rugged rascal ran.” | 恶汉绕着石堆跑 |
[47:12] | “Around the rocks the rugged…” | 恶汉绕着石堆跑 |
[47:13] | No, no. “Rocks.” “Rocks.” | 不对 石堆 石堆 |
[47:16] | “Around the rocks the rugged rascal ran.” | 恶汉绕着石堆跑 |
[47:19] | Very good. | 很好 |
[47:20] | Hi, Don. | 嗨 唐 |
[47:21] | -Shall I continue? -Don’t mind me. | -还要继续吗 -别管我 |
[47:23] | Now. “Sinful Caesar sipped his snifter… | 有罪的西泽饮着酒 |
[47:26] | seized his knees and sneezed.” | 曲着膝打喷嚏 |
[47:30] | “Sinful Caesar snipped his sifter…” | 有罪的西泽饮着酒 |
[47:32] | Sipped his snifter. | 饮着酒 |
[47:33] | “Sipped his snifter.” | 饮着酒 |
[47:36] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[47:37] | “Sinful Caesar sipped his snifter, seized his knees and sneezed.” | 有罪的西泽饮着酒 曲着膝打喷嚏 |
[47:41] | -Marvelous. -Wonderful. | -太棒了 -了不起 |
[47:43] | Here is a good one. | 这一个也不错 |
[47:45] | “Chester chooses chestnuts, cheddar cheese with chewy chives. | 切斯特选粟子 切达干酪和细香葱 |
[47:49] | He chews them and he chooses them. | 他咀嚼它们也选择它们 |
[47:51] | He chooses them and he chews them | 他选择它们也咀嚼它们 |
[47:54] | those chestnuts, cheddar cheese and chives… | 那些粟子 切达干酪和细香葱 |
[47:57] | in cheery, charming chunks.” | 好吃极了 好大一块 |
[47:59] | -Wonderful! Do another one. -Thank you. | -了不起 再来一个 -谢谢 |
[48:03] | “Moses supposes his toeses are roses… | 摩西认为他的脚趾是玫瑰 |
[48:06] | but Moses supposes erroneously.” | 可是摩西错了 |
[48:09] | “Moses, he knowses his toeses aren’t roses | 摩西知道他的脚趾不是玫瑰 |
[48:11] | as Moses supposes his toeses to be.” | 摩西知道他错了 |
[48:18] | “Moses supposes his toeses are roses | 摩西认为他的脚趾是玫瑰 |
[48:21] | but Moses supposes erroneously.” | 可是摩西错了 |
[48:23] | “But Moses, he knowses his toes aren’t roses | 但摩西知道他的脚趾不是玫瑰 |
[48:27] | as Moses supposes his toeses to be.” | 摩西知道他错了 |
[48:29] | “Moses supposes his toeses are roses… | 摩西认为他的脚趾是玫瑰 |
[48:32] | but Moses supposes erroneously.” | 可是摩西错了 |
[48:35] | A mose is a mose. | 摩西是摩西 |
[48:36] | A rose is a rose. | 玫瑰是玫瑰 |
[48:37] | A toes is a toes. | 脚趾是脚趾 |
[48:40] | Moses supposes his toeses are roses | 摩西认为他的脚趾是玫瑰 |
[48:43] | But Moses supposes erroneously | 可是摩西错了 |
[48:46] | Moses, he knowses His toeses aren’t roses | 摩西知道他的脚趾不是玫瑰 |
[48:48] | As Moses supposes his toeses to be | 摩西知道他错了 |
[48:52] | Moses supposes his toeses are roses | 摩西认为他的脚趾是玫瑰 |
[48:54] | But Moses supposes erroneously | 可是摩西错了 |
[48:57] | For Moses knowses His toeses aren’t roses | 因为摩西知道 他的脚趾不是玫瑰 |
[49:00] | As Moses supposes his toeses to be | 摩西知道他错了 |
[49:03] | A rose is a rose Is a rose is a rose is | 玫瑰就是玫瑰 |
[49:05] | A rose is what Moses Supposes his toes is | 而摩西却认为 他的脚趾是玫瑰 |
[49:08] | Couldn’t be a lily Or a taffy daffy dilly | 不是百合也不是水仙 |
[49:11] | It’s gotta be a rose ‘Cause it rhymes with “mose” | 非得是玫瑰不可 因为玫瑰和摩西押韵 |
[49:14] | Moses | 摩西 |
[49:16] | Moses | 摩西 |
[49:19] | Moses | 摩西 |
[51:19] | A “A” | |
[51:27] | All right, here we go. | 好 开始啰 |
[51:29] | Quiet! | 安静 |
[51:31] | Roll ’em! | 开始 |
[51:36] | Oh, Pierre. You shouldn’t have come. | 噢 皮埃尔 你不该来的 |
[51:39] | She’s gotta talk into the mike. I can’t pick it up. | 她应该对着麦克风说 我收不到她的声音 |
[51:44] | Cut! | 停 |
[51:45] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[51:47] | It’s Lina. | 琳娜有问题 |
[51:48] | Look, Lina, don’t you remember? I told you. | 琳娜 还记得吗 我告诉过你 |
[51:51] | There’s a microphone right there | 有支麦克风 |
[51:54] | in the bush. | 藏在花草丛里 |
[51:57] | You have to talk into it. | 你得对着那儿说话 |
[51:59] | I was talking. Wasn’t l, Miss Dinsmore? | 我有说话啊 对不对 汀丝摩小姐 |
[52:02] | Yes, my dear. But please remember, round tones. | 对 但请切记 圆唇音 |
[52:06] | “Pierre, you shouldn’t have come.” | 皮埃尔 你不该来的 |
[52:09] | Pierre, you shouldn’t have come. | 皮埃尔 你不该来的 |
[52:12] | That’s much better | 好多了 |
[52:13] | Hold it a second. | 等等 |
[52:15] | Now, Lina, look. | 琳娜 听着 |
[52:17] | Here’s the mike. | 这里有支麦克风 |
[52:19] | Right here in the bush. | 就在花草丛中 |
[52:22] | Now, you talk towards it. | 请你对着它说话 |
[52:24] | The sound goes through the cable to the box. | 声音会经由电线传到盒子里 |
[52:27] | A man records it on a big record in wax… | 有人会把声音录起来… |
[52:31] | but you have to talk into the mike first. | 不过你必须先对着它说话 |
[52:35] | In the bush! | 对着花草丛说话 |
[52:37] | Now try it again. | 再试一次 |
[52:38] | Gee, this is dumb. | 瞧 真可笑 |
[52:39] | She’ll get it, Dexter. Don’t worry. | 她会开窍的 德斯特 别担心 |
[52:42] | We’re all nervous the first day. Everything will be okay. | 第一天难免会紧张 没事的 |
[52:45] | You know the scene coming up where I say: | 你记得我说的那一幕 |
[52:48] | “Imperious princess of the night”? | 傲慢的夜之公主 |
[52:50] | I don’t like those lines. Is it all right if I say what I always do? | 我不喜欢那一段台词 我能说我常用的那一句吗 |
[52:54] | “I love you. I love you. I love you.” | 我爱你 我爱你 我爱你 |
[52:57] | Sure. Any way it’s comfortable. | 当然 你觉得自然就好 |
[52:59] | But into the bush! | 不过 请对着花草丛说 |
[53:02] | Again! | 再来一次 |
[53:03] | Quiet! | 安静 |
[53:05] | Roll ’em! | 开始 |
[53:19] | Cut! | 停 |
[53:20] | We’re missing every other word. | 你的声音断断续续 |
[53:23] | You’ve got to talk into the mike! | 你得对着麦克风说 |
[53:25] | Well, I can’t make love to a bush! | 我总不能和花草丛做爱吧 |
[53:28] | All right, all right. | 好吧 好吧 |
[53:31] | We’ll have to think of something else. | 我们得想想办法 |
[53:39] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[53:41] | -You’re being wired for sound. -What? | -帮你缝上麦克风 -什么 |
[53:44] | Watch out for those dentalized D’s and T’s and those flat A’s. | 小心那些发D和T的齿音 还有那些发A的平舌音 |
[53:48] | Everybody’s picking on me. | 大家都在挑我毛病 |
[53:51] | Now look at this flower, see? | 现在看着花好吗 |
[53:54] | The mike is in there. | 麦克风就在里面 |
[53:56] | That’s it. | 就是它 |
[53:58] | The sound will run from it | 声音会经由电线 |
[54:01] | through this wire, onto the record. | 传送到录音机 |
[54:04] | It’sll catch whatever you say. | 它会记录你所说的话 |
[54:06] | Now let’s hear how it sounds, Lina. | 我们来试试看效果如何 琳娜 |
[54:10] | Okay, quiet! | 好 安静 |
[54:12] | Roll ’em! | 开始 |
[54:16] | Oh, Pierre, you shouldn’t have come. | 噢 皮埃尔 你不该来的 |
[54:20] | You’re flirting with danger. | 你正在与危险调情 |
[54:24] | What’s that noise? | 那是什么声音 |
[54:25] | It’s picking up her heartbeat. | 她的心跳声 |
[54:27] | Swell. | 这下可好 |
[54:29] | Cut! | 停 |
[54:35] | That’s right. That should do it. | 这样应该就没问题了 |
[54:37] | Now, don’t forget. | 别忘了 |
[54:39] | The mike is on your shoulder. | 麦克风就在你的肩上 |
[54:41] | And whatever you say goes through the wire onto the record. | 你说的话 都会经由电线传到录音机 |
[54:45] | Now, please, Lina, talk into the mike. | 琳娜 请对准麦克风说话 |
[54:48] | Don’t make any quick movements or you might disconnect it. | 别做出任何快速的动作 否则可能会断线 |
[54:52] | Okay, let’s go. | 开始吧 |
[54:53] | Quiet. | 安静 |
[54:55] | Roll ’em. | 开始 |
[55:00] | Pierre, you shouldn’t have come. You’re flirting with danger. | 皮埃尔 你不该来的 你正与危险人物调情 |
[55:05] | What’s this wire doing here? It’s dangerous. | 这是什么东西 太危险了 |
[55:22] | You’d better not go in together. | 你们最好别同时出席 |
[55:24] | Lina’s probably waiting right inside the door. | 琳娜可能就在里面 |
[55:27] | -Oh, how I wish… -Don’t worry. | -我真希望 -别担心 |
[55:29] | I’ll lead the cheering section in the balcony. Good luck. | 我会在包厢引导大家鼓掌的 祝你好运 |
[56:08] | What’s that? The storm outside? | 怎么了 外面下大雨 |
[56:10] | It’s those pearls, Mr. Simpson. | 是那些珍珠 辛普森先生 |
[56:18] | I am the noblest lady of the court, second only to the queen. | 我是宫廷里仅次于皇后 最高贵的夫人 |
[56:22] | Yet I am the saddest of mortals in France. | 但我却是全法国最悲伤的人 |
[56:26] | What is the matter, milady? | 怎么了 夫人 |
[56:28] | I’m so downhearted, Theresa. | 我好难过 特丽莎 |
[56:31] | My father has me betrothed to the Baron de Landsfield | 我父亲把我许配给兰德斯菲尔德男爵 |
[56:34] | and I can’t stand him. | 我受不了男爵 |
[56:36] | Oh, but he’s such a catch. | 他是个风度翩翩的美男子 |
[56:39] | All the ladies of the court wish they were in your shoes. | 全宫廷中的女士都想得到他 |
[56:43] | My heart belongs to another | 我的心已另有所属 |
[56:46] | Pierre de Bataille. | 皮埃尔·巴达伊 |
[56:48] | Ever since I met him, I can’t get him out of my mind. | 我一见皮耶 就对他魂牵梦萦 |
[56:52] | Sounds good and loud, huh? | 声音很清晰吧 |
[57:03] | Oh, Pierre! | 噢 皮埃尔 |
[57:05] | You shouldn’t have come. | 你不该来的 |
[57:06] | You’re flirting with danger. | 你正与危险调情 |
[57:09] | They will surely find you out. | 他们会找到你的 |
[57:11] | Your head is much too valuable. | 你的脑袋太珍贵了 |
[57:14] | She never could remember where the microphone was. | 她永远记不得麦克风的位置 |
[57:18] | ‘Tis Cupid himself that called me here | 是爱神丘比特叫我来的 |
[57:21] | and I… | 而我 |
[57:22] | smitten by his arrow | 已被他的箭射中 |
[57:24] | must fly to your side | 必须飞到你身旁 |
[57:26] | despite the threats of Madame Guillotine. | 尽管随时都可能被送上断头台 |
[57:31] | But the night is full of our enemies. | 但黑夜布满了我们的敌人 |
[57:37] | What you hitting him with, a blackjack? | 你用大酒杯打他 |
[57:41] | imperious princess of the night… | 高傲的夜之公主伊冯 |
[57:43] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[57:45] | Pierre. | 皮埃尔 |
[57:47] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[57:48] | I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. | 我爱你 我爱你 我爱你 我爱你 |
[57:59] | Did somebody get paid for writing that? | 剧本不能多写几句话吗 |
[58:05] | Sounds like a comedy. | 听起来像是一出喜剧 |
[58:06] | -It’s a Lockwood-Lamont talkie. -What? | -这是洛克伍德&拉蒙特的有声电影 -什么 |
[58:09] | This is terrible. | 简直是糟透了 |
[58:18] | What’s that? | 又怎么了 |
[58:19] | The sound. It’s out of synchronization! | 是声音 和嘴型不同步 |
[58:21] | Tell them to fix it. | 去告诉他们调整一下 |
[58:23] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[58:25] | What’s this? Yvonne? | 这是什么 伊凡 |
[58:27] | Captured by Rouge Noir of the Purple Terror? | 遭紫色恐惧的红与黑逮捕 |
[58:32] | Oh, my sword! | 噢 我的剑 |
[58:34] | I must fly to her side! | 我必须飞到她身旁 |
[58:36] | Yvonne, Yvonne | 伊冯 伊冯 |
[58:39] | my own. | 我的 |
[58:41] | Pierre will save me. Pierre! | 皮埃尔会来救我的 皮埃尔 |
[58:45] | Pierre is miles away, you witch. | 皮埃尔远在天边 你这女巫 |
[58:48] | No, no, no. | 不 |
[58:50] | Yes, yes, yes. | 对 |
[58:53] | No, no, no! | 不 |
[59:04] | This is a scream. | 根本是大烂片 |
[59:05] | Give me The Jazz Singer. | 还是爵士歌手好看 |
[59:07] | “I love you, I love you, I love you”… | 我爱你 我爱你 我爱你 |
[59:11] | -We’re all ruined. -You can’t release this. | -我们完蛋了 -这种电影根本没人看 |
[59:15] | We’re booked to open in six weeks all over the country. | 六星期后就要在全国上映 |
[59:18] | But you’re such big stars, we might get by. | 但你们两人都是大明星 票房应该不会太差才对 |
[59:21] | I never wanna see Lockwood and Lamont again. | 我不想再见到洛克伍德和拉蒙特 |
[59:23] | Wasn’t it awful? | 很烂吧 |
[59:25] | This is the worst picture ever made. | 没见过这么烂的电影 |
[59:27] | I liked it. | 我喜欢 |
[59:37] | Well, take a last look at it. | 看它最后一眼吧 |
[59:40] | It’sll be up for auction in the morning. | 明天它就会被送到拍卖场了 |
[59:42] | You’re out of your mind. | 你疯了不成 |
[59:44] | It’s Saturday. No bank will foreclose until Monday. | 银行在星期一才会取消赎回权 |
[59:47] | -It wasn’t so bad. -That’s what I told him. | -没那么糟 -我也是这么认为 |
[59:50] | There’s no use kidding myself. | 我不想再欺骗自己了 |
[59:52] | Once they release The Duelling Cavalier, Lockwood and Lamont are through. | 一旦他们上映了《决战骑士》洛克伍德和拉蒙特就完了 |
[59:56] | The picture’s a museum piece. | 这电影就会被送进博物馆 |
[59:58] | I’m a museum piece. | 而我也从此走入历史 |
[59:59] | Things went wrong with the sound. Get the technical… | 如果你担心的只是技术部分… |
[1:00:02] | No, it wasn’t that. | 我担心的不是这个 |
[1:00:04] | This is sweet of both of you, but I… | 我知道你们是出于一片好意 但我 |
[1:00:07] | Something happened to me tonight. | 今晚我出了一点状况 |
[1:00:10] | Everything you said about me is true. | 你们所说有关我的事都是事实 |
[1:00:13] | I’m no actor. | 我不是演员 |
[1:00:14] | I never was. Just a lot of dumb show. | 从来都不是 我只是个哑剧演员 |
[1:00:17] | I know that now. | 现在我知道了 |
[1:00:19] | Well, at least you’re taking it lying down. | 至少你能够坦然面对 |
[1:00:22] | No kidding, Cosmo. | 说真的 卡斯摩 |
[1:00:24] | Did you ever see anything as idiotic as me on that screen? | 你在电影中 看过像我这么驴的人吗 |
[1:00:27] | Yeah. How about Lina? | 琳娜呢 |
[1:00:29] | I ran her a close second. | 我仅次于她 |
[1:00:31] | Maybe it was a photo finish. I’m through. | 或许我们不分上下 我完了 |
[1:00:34] | You’re not through. | 你没有 |
[1:00:36] | Why, of course not. | 当然没有 |
[1:00:38] | With your looks, you could drive an ice wagon. | 依你的长相 你还能开冰车 |
[1:00:40] | -Or shine shoes. -Block hats. | -擦皮鞋 -卖帽子 |
[1:00:42] | -Sell pencils. -Dig ditches. | -卖铅笔 -挖水沟 |
[1:00:43] | Or go back into vaudeville. | 或是回到轻歌舞剧界 |
[1:00:46] | Fit as a fiddle and ready for love I could jump over the moon up above | 身体健康 准备恋爱 我可以跳跃过月亮 |
[1:00:49] | Fit as a fiddle and ready for love | 身体健康 准备恋爱 |
[1:00:53] | Too bad I didn’t do that in Duelling Cavalier. | 没有在决战骑士中 这样表演真是太可惜了 |
[1:00:56] | -Why don’t you? -What? | -为何不呢 -什么 |
[1:00:58] | -Make a musical. -A musical? | -演一出歌舞剧 -歌舞剧 |
[1:01:00] | Sure. Make a musical. | 没错 演一出歌舞剧 |
[1:01:02] | The new Don Lockwood. | 崭新的唐·洛克伍德 |
[1:01:04] | He yodels, he jumps about to music. | 是约德尔调 他投入音乐的怀抱 |
[1:01:06] | The only trouble is that after Duelling Cavalier | 唯一的问题是在决战骑士后 |
[1:01:09] | nobody’d come to see me jump off the Woolworth Building into a damp rag. | 没有人愿意再看我从高楼纵身往下跳了 |
[1:01:13] | Turn The Duelling Cavalier into a musical. | 那就把决战骑士拍成歌舞片 |
[1:01:16] | -Duelling Cavalier? -Sure. | -决战骑士 -没错 |
[1:01:17] | They’ve got six weeks before it’s released. | 距上映的日期还有六星期 |
[1:01:20] | Add songs and dances, trim bad scenes, add new ones. | 加上歌曲 修改不好的部分 再加上一些新的 |
[1:01:23] | And you got it. | 就成了啊 |
[1:01:25] | Hey, I think it’ll work. | 我认为这样行得通 |
[1:01:27] | -Of course! -It’s a cinch. | -当然 -不在话下 |
[1:01:28] | It may be crazy, but we’ll do it. | 或许有些疯狂 但我们做定了 |
[1:01:30] | The Duelling Cavalier is now a musical. | 把决战骑士改为歌舞片 |
[1:01:33] | -Hot dog! -Hallelujah! | -太棒了 -哈里路亚 |
[1:01:35] | Whoopee! Fellas, I feel this is my lucky day, March 23. | 太棒了 我今天是我的幸运日 三月二十三号 |
[1:01:40] | -Your lucky day’s the 24th. -What? | -你的幸运日是二十四号 -什么 |
[1:01:42] | It’s 1:30 already. It’s morning! | 现在已经是凌晨一点半了 |
[1:01:44] | Yes. And what a lovely morning! | 没错 这真是个美丽的早晨 |
[1:01:49] | Good mornin’ | 早安 |
[1:01:51] | Good mornin’ | 早安 |
[1:01:52] | We’ve talked the whole night through | 我们彻夜长谈 |
[1:01:54] | Good mornin’ | 早安 |
[1:01:56] | Good mornin’to you | 早安 |
[1:01:59] | Good mornin’ Good mornin’ | 早安 早安 |
[1:02:02] | It’s great to stay up late | 彻夜未眠的感觉真好 |
[1:02:04] | Good mornin’ Good mornin’to you | 早安 早安 |
[1:02:08] | When the band began to play The stars were shining bright | 音乐响起 星光闪闪 |
[1:02:13] | Now the milkman’s on his way It’s too late to say good night | 送牛奶的已开始送牛奶 现在道晚安已太晚 |
[1:02:17] | So good mornin’ Good mornin’ | 早安 早安 |
[1:02:20] | Sunbeams will soon smile through | 太阳公公就要露出微笑 |
[1:02:22] | Good mornin’ Good mornin’to you | 早安 早安 |
[1:02:25] | And you and you and you | 大家早安 |
[1:02:27] | Good mornin’ Good mornin’ | 早安 早安 |
[1:02:29] | We’ve gabbed the whole night through | 我们彻夜长谈 |
[1:02:31] | Good mornin’ Good mornin’to you | 早安 早安 |
[1:02:34] | Nothing could be grander Than to be in Louisiana | 没什么比待在 路易西安那更好的事 |
[1:02:36] | In the mornin’ In the mornin’ | 在清晨 |
[1:02:38] | It’s great to stay up late | 彻夜未眠的感觉真好 |
[1:02:40] | Good mornin’ Good mornin’to you | 早安 早安 |
[1:02:43] | Might be just as zippy If we was in Mississippi | 如果身在密西西比 或许我们此时精神奕奕 |
[1:02:45] | When we left the movie show The future wasn’t bright | 离开电影预演会场时 我们前途黯淡 |
[1:02:49] | But came the dawn, the show goes on And I don’t wanna say good night | 但黎明来临时 曙光乍现 而我不愿道晚安 |
[1:02:53] | So say good mornin’ | 于是我道早安 |
[1:02:55] | Good mornin’ | 早安 |
[1:02:57] | Rainbows are shinin’through | 彩虹发出彩光 |
[1:02:58] | Good mornin’ | 早安 |
[1:03:00] | Good mornin’ | 早安 |
[1:03:01] | -Bonjour! -Monsieur! | -早安 -先生 |
[1:03:03] | -Buenos días! -Muchas frías! | -早安 -早安 |
[1:03:05] | -Buon giorno! -A ritorno! | -早安 -早安 |
[1:03:07] | -Guten morgen! -Guten morgen! | -早安 -早安 |
[1:03:09] | Good mornin’to you | 早安 |
[1:04:10] | Olé! | 好耶 |
[1:04:11] | Toro! | 公牛 |
[1:05:15] | Hey, we can’t make this a musical. | 嘿 我们不能把它拍成歌舞片 |
[1:05:17] | What do you mean? | 为什么 |
[1:05:19] | Lina. | 琳娜 |
[1:05:22] | Lina. | 琳娜 |
[1:05:24] | She can’t act, she can’t sing and she can’t dance. | 她不会演戏 不会唱歌也不会跳舞 |
[1:05:27] | A triple threat. | 三者都不会 |
[1:05:30] | What’s so funny? | 什么事那么好笑 |
[1:05:32] | I’m sorry, I was just thinking. | 对不起 我只是在想 |
[1:05:34] | I liked her best when the sound went off and she said… | 我最喜欢她的声音断断续续 并且说 |
[1:05:37] | “Yes, yes, yes.” | 对 |
[1:05:38] | “No, no, no.” | 不 |
[1:05:40] | “Yes, yes, yes.” | 对 |
[1:05:42] | “No, no…” | 不 |
[1:05:44] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[1:05:46] | I am just about to be brilliant. | 我有个好主意 |
[1:05:48] | Come here, Kathy. Come here. Now, sing. | 过来 凯希 唱 |
[1:05:50] | I said sing. | 什么 我叫你唱 |
[1:05:52] | Good mornin’ Good mornin’ | 早安 |
[1:05:54] | Don, keep your eyes riveted on my face. | 唐 双眼注视我的脸 |
[1:05:57] | Good mornin’ Good mornin’to you | 早安 早安 |
[1:05:59] | Watch my mouth. | 看我的嘴 |
[1:06:01] | Good mornin’ Good mornin’ | 早安 早安 |
[1:06:04] | It’s great to stay up late | 彻夜未眠的感觉真好 |
[1:06:06] | Good mornin’ Good mornin’to you | 早安 早安 |
[1:06:08] | Well, convincing? | 说服力十足吧 |
[1:06:10] | Enchanting. What? | 真迷人 但干什么 |
[1:06:15] | Don’t you get it? | 你还不懂 |
[1:06:16] | Use Kathy’s voice. | 用凯希的声音 |
[1:06:18] | Lina moves her mouth and Kathy sings and talks for her. | 卡西唱 琳娜对嘴 |
[1:06:21] | That’s wonderful! | 这太棒了 |
[1:06:22] | -I couldn’t let you do it, Kathy. -Why not? | -我不能让你这么做 -为什么 |
[1:06:25] | You wouldn’t be seen. You’d throw away your career. | 这样会断送你的前程的 |
[1:06:28] | It has nothing to do with my career. It’s only for this picture. | 这跟我的前途无关 只和这部电影有关 |
[1:06:32] | The important thing is to save The Duelling Cavalier | 最重要的是拯救决战骑士 |
[1:06:34] | save Lockwood and Lamont. | 拯救洛克伍德和拉蒙特 |
[1:06:38] | Well, all right, if it’s only for this one picture, but… | 好吧 就算只为了这部电影 可是 |
[1:06:43] | -You think it’ll get by? -Of course. | -这样行得通吗 -当然了 |
[1:06:45] | It’s simple to work the numbers. | 只要加几段歌舞就行了 |
[1:06:47] | Just dance around Lina and teach her how to take a bow. | 只要在琳娜身旁跳舞 教她如何鞠躬就行了 |
[1:06:51] | We’ll spring it on R.F. in the morning. | 明天一早我们就通知亚夫 |
[1:06:54] | Don, you’re a genius. | 唐 你真是个天才 |
[1:06:56] | I’m glad you thought of it. | 真高兴你这么认为 |
[1:06:58] | Oh, Cosmo. | 噢 卡斯摩 |
[1:07:08] | Good night, Kathy. See you tomorrow. | 晚安 凯希 明天见 |
[1:07:11] | Good night, Don. Take care of that throat. | 晚安 唐 记得保护你的喉咙 |
[1:07:14] | You’re a big singing star now, remember? | 现在你是个歌舞片巨星 记得吗 |
[1:07:18] | This California dew is just a little heavier than usual. | 加州的露水比平常重了些 |
[1:07:21] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[1:07:23] | From where I stand, the sun is shining all over the place. | 但我放眼望去 阳光普照大地 |
[1:08:15] | I’m singin’in the rain | 我在雨中欢唱 |
[1:08:19] | Just singin’in the rain | 在雨中欢唱 |
[1:08:23] | What a glorious feelin’ | 多美好的感觉啊 |
[1:08:26] | I’m happy again | 我再度拾起往日欢笑 |
[1:08:30] | I’m laughin’at clouds | 我对着乌云大笑 |
[1:08:33] | So dark up above | 天上的乌云 |
[1:08:37] | The sun’s in my heart | 我心中充满阳光 |
[1:08:39] | And I’m ready for love | 我已准备恋爱 |
[1:08:43] | Let the stormy clouds chase | 让乌云追着 |
[1:08:46] | Everyone from the place | 人们跑 |
[1:08:51] | Come on with the rain | 让大雨滂沱 |
[1:08:53] | I’ve a smile on my face | 我的脸上露出微笑 |
[1:08:57] | I’ll walk down the lane | 我要走在街道上 |
[1:09:01] | With a happy refrain | 唱着欢乐的歌 |
[1:09:04] | Just singin’ | 欢唱着 |
[1:09:06] | Singin’in the rain | 在雨中欢唱着 |
[1:09:12] | Dancin’in the rain | 在雨中起舞 |
[1:09:23] | I’m happy again | 我再度拾起往日欢乐 |
[1:09:33] | I’m singin’ | 我欢唱着 |
[1:09:35] | And dancin’in the rain | 在雨中起舞 |
[1:11:29] | I’m dancin’ | 起舞 |
[1:11:32] | And singin’ | 欢唱 |
[1:11:34] | In the rain | 在雨中 |
[1:11:56] | Why, that’s wonderful! | 这主意真是太好了 |
[1:11:57] | We’ll keep it secret until we’re ready to release | 我们务必保守秘密直到我们准备好上映 |
[1:12:00] | just in case it doesn’t come off. I’m worried about Lina. | 以免成果不如预期理想 我担心琳娜会出问题 |
[1:12:04] | She doesn’t like Miss Selden. There might be fireworks. | 她并不喜欢莎登小姐 估计会有矛盾 |
[1:12:06] | Lina won’t even know she’s on the lot. | 琳娜根本不会知道她 |
[1:12:09] | Boys, this is great. | 两位 这真是太好了 |
[1:12:11] | The Duelling Cavalier can be saved. | 决战骑士有救了 |
[1:12:13] | Now, let’s see. | 我想想看 |
[1:12:15] | The Duelling Cavalier with music. | 有音乐的决战骑士 |
[1:12:17] | The title. | 片名 |
[1:12:19] | The title’s not right. We need a musical title. Cosmo? | 片名不太对 我们需要一个歌舞片的片名 卡斯摩 |
[1:12:27] | The Duelling Mammy. | 决战妈咪 |
[1:12:34] | I’ve got it. | 我有办法了 |
[1:12:40] | The Dancing Cavalier! | 歌舞骑士 |
[1:12:42] | That’s it. The Dancing Cavalier. | 太棒了 歌舞骑士 |
[1:12:44] | -Remind me to make you a scriptwriter. -Thanks. Have a cigar. | -提醒我升你为编剧 -谢谢 来根雪茄吧 |
[1:12:47] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:12:51] | Now, what about the story? | 情节呢 |
[1:12:53] | We need modern musical numbers. | 我们需要现代音乐片的戏码 |
[1:13:00] | We throw a modern section into it. | 加上现代的片段 |
[1:13:03] | The hero’s a hoofer on Broadway. | 主角是百老汇的踢跶舞者 对 |
[1:13:04] | He sings and he dances. | 能歌善舞 对 |
[1:13:06] | One night, backstage, he’s reading The Tale of Two Cities. | 一天晚上 在后台 他看着双城记 |
[1:13:09] | A sandbag hits his head. | 一个沙包打中他的脑袋 |
[1:13:11] | He dreams he’s back during the French Revolution. | 他梦见自己身处于法国大革命 |
[1:13:13] | This way, we get in the modern dancing numbers. | 这样就可以加上现代舞蹈 |
[1:13:15] | But in the dream, we can still use the costumes. | 但在梦中我们仍然穿传统戏服 |
[1:13:18] | Sensational! Cosmo, remind me to give you a raise. | 太了不起了 卡斯摩 记得提醒我给你加薪 |
[1:13:22] | Yes? | 干什么 |
[1:13:23] | Give me a raise. | 给我加薪 |
[1:13:32] | He holds her in his arms | 他拥抱着她 |
[1:13:37] | Would you? | 你愿意吗 |
[1:13:39] | Would you? | 你愿意吗 |
[1:13:42] | He tells her of her charms | 他告诉她他如何为她着迷 |
[1:13:46] | Would you? | 你愿意吗 |
[1:13:48] | Would you? | 你愿意吗 |
[1:13:50] | They met as you and l | 他们就和你我一样 |
[1:13:54] | And they were only friends | 他们不过是朋友 |
[1:14:00] | But before… | 不过 |
[1:14:04] | the story ends | 在故事结束前 |
[1:14:10] | He’ll kiss her with a sigh | 他将在叹息中亲吻她 |
[1:14:14] | Would you? | 你愿意吗 |
[1:14:17] | Would you? | 你愿意吗 |
[1:14:19] | And if the girl were l | 如果我是那个女孩 |
[1:14:23] | Would you? | 你愿意吗 |
[1:14:27] | And would you dare to say | 你有勇气说 |
[1:14:31] | Let’s do the same… | 让我们 |
[1:14:34] | as they | 和他们一样 |
[1:14:37] | I would | 我愿意 |
[1:14:41] | Would you? | 你愿意吗 |
[1:14:47] | And would you dare to say | 你有勇气说 |
[1:14:51] | Let’s do the same… | 让我们 |
[1:14:55] | as they | 和他们一样 |
[1:14:58] | I would | 我愿意 |
[1:15:03] | Would you? | 你愿意吗 |
[1:15:13] | Perfect! That Selden girl is great. | 太好了 莎登的表现太出色了 |
[1:15:15] | I’m gonna give her a big buildup. | 我要好好提拔她 |
[1:15:18] | -Swell! -How much is there left to do? | -太好了 -还剩多少 |
[1:15:20] | -One scene and a number. -What number? | -一个戏码 -什么戏码 |
[1:15:22] | It’s a new one. It’s for the modern part. | 这是现代部份中的新戏码 |
[1:15:24] | It’s called “Broadway Melody.” | 称之为”百老汇旋律” |
[1:15:27] | It’s the story of a young hoofer who comes to New York. | 叙述一个来到纽约的踢跶舞者 |
[1:15:30] | First, we set the stage with a song. | 一开始主角就在舞台上歌唱 |
[1:15:33] | It goes like this. | 就像这样 |
[1:15:34] | Don’t bring a frown to old Broadway | 请别皱着眉头来到百老汇 |
[1:15:40] | You gotta clown on Broadway | 来到百老汇你就得开怀 |
[1:15:44] | Your troubles there | 请将你的烦恼忧愁 |
[1:15:47] | They’re out of style | 全都抛诸脑后 |
[1:15:48] | For Broadway always wears a smile | 因为百老汇总是笑脸迎人 |
[1:15:54] | A million lights | 无数的灯光 |
[1:15:56] | They flicker there | 闪烁着 |
[1:15:58] | A million hearts beat quicker there | 无数的心脏快速跳动着 |
[1:16:03] | No skies of gray On that Great White Way | 不夜街彻夜灯火通明 |
[1:16:08] | That’s the Broadway | 那就是百老汇 |
[1:16:12] | melody | 旋律 |
[1:17:14] | Gotta dance | 来跳舞吧 |
[1:17:23] | Gotta dance | 来跳舞吧 |
[1:17:32] | Gotta dance | 来跳舞吧 |
[1:18:00] | Gotta dance | 来跳舞吧 |
[1:18:04] | Gotta dance | 来跳舞吧 |
[1:18:11] | Broadway rhythm It’s got me | 百老汇的节奏深深吸引着我 |
[1:18:13] | Everybody dance | 人人翩然起舞 |
[1:18:17] | Broadway rhythm It’s got me | 百老汇的节奏深深吸引着我 |
[1:18:20] | Everybody dance | 人人翩然起舞 |
[1:18:23] | Out on that Gay White Way And each merry café | 在不夜街的咖啡馆中 |
[1:18:27] | Orchestras play Taking your breath away | 优扬的音乐让人浑然忘我 |
[1:18:31] | Broadway rhythm It’s got me | 百老汇的节奏深深吸引着我 |
[1:18:33] | Everybody sing and dance | 人人载歌载舞 |
[1:18:39] | Oh, that Broadway rhythm | 噢 那百老汇的节奏 |
[1:18:46] | Oh, that Broadway rhythm | 噢 那百老汇的节奏 |
[1:18:52] | When I hear that happy beat | 当我听到愉快的节奏 |
[1:18:55] | Feel like dancin’down the street | 我就想在街头起舞 |
[1:18:59] | To that Broadway rhythm | 随着百老汇的节奏 |
[1:19:03] | Writhing, beating… | 扭腰摆臀 手舞足蹈… |
[1:19:04] | rhythm | 随着节奏 |
[1:19:07] | Gotta dance | 来跳舞吧 |
[1:19:11] | Gotta dance | 来跳舞吧 |
[1:22:53] | When I hear that happy beat | 当我听到愉快的节奏 |
[1:22:56] | Feel like dancin’down the street | 我就想在街头起舞 |
[1:23:09] | When I hear that happy beat | 当我听到愉快的节奏 |
[1:23:12] | Feel like dancin’down the street | 我就想在街头起舞 |
[1:23:25] | When I hear that happy beat | 当我听到愉快的节奏 |
[1:23:28] | Feel like dancing down the street | 我就想在街头起舞 |
[1:27:39] | Gotta dance | 来跳舞吧 |
[1:27:45] | Gotta dance | 来跳舞吧 |
[1:27:54] | Gotta dance | 来跳舞吧 |
[1:28:30] | That’s the Broadway | 这就是百老汇 |
[1:28:35] | melody | 旋律 |
[1:28:49] | That’s the idea. What do you think of it? | 这主意不错 你认为呢 |
[1:28:52] | I can’t visualize it. I’ll have to see it on film first. | 拍成电影才知道 |
[1:28:55] | -On film, it’ll be better yet. -Don’t forget. | -电影 效果一定更好 -两位别忘了 |
[1:28:57] | Have Selden re-record all of Lina’s dialogue. | 琳娜的对白部分叫莎登重录 |
[1:29:00] | -It’s all set up. -And remember… | -全都搞定了 -还有记得 |
[1:29:02] | don’t let Lina know about it. | 别让琳娜知道这件事 |
[1:29:07] | All set in there? | 准备好了没 |
[1:29:12] | Nothing can keep us apart. | 没有什么可以拆散我们 |
[1:29:14] | Our love will last till the stars turn cold. | 我们的爱直到海枯石烂 |
[1:29:19] | All right, Kathy. Go ahead. | 好 凯希 继续 |
[1:29:22] | Nothing can keep us apart. | 没有什么可以拆散我们 |
[1:29:24] | Our love will last till the stars turn cold. | 我们的爱直到海枯石烂 |
[1:29:28] | That’s great! Perfect. Cut. | 真是太好了 停 |
[1:29:33] | Till the stars turn cold. | 直到海枯石烂 |
[1:29:36] | Oh, Kathy, I love you. | 噢 凯希 我爱你 |
[1:29:41] | I can’t wait till this picture’s finished. | 真等不及看到这部作品的完成 |
[1:29:43] | No more secrecy. I’m gonna let Lina and everyone know. | 不再保密了 我要让琳娜和大家知道你 |
[1:29:47] | Your fans will be bitterly disappointed. | 你的影迷一定会很失望的 |
[1:29:49] | From now on, there’s only one fan I’m worried about. | 从今以后我只在乎一个影迷 |
[1:29:57] | There! | 在那儿 |
[1:29:58] | What did I tell you? | 我早就告诉过你 |
[1:29:59] | Thanks, Zelda. You’re a real pal. | 谢了 泽尔达 你真是个好姐妹 |
[1:30:01] | I want that girl off the lot at once! She ain’t gonna be my voice. | 我要她走 她不能为我配音 |
[1:30:05] | Zelda told me everything. | 泽尔达把一切都告诉我了 |
[1:30:07] | Thanks, Zelda. You’re a real pal. | 谢了 泽尔达 你真是个好姐妹 |
[1:30:09] | Anytime, Don. | 不客气 唐 |
[1:30:10] | Look, Don and I… | 听着 唐和我 |
[1:30:12] | Don! Don’t you dare call him Don! | 唐 不准你叫他唐 |
[1:30:15] | I was calling him Don before you were born. | 唐这名字只有我能叫 |
[1:30:18] | You were kissing him! | 你刚刚亲了他 |
[1:30:20] | I was kissing her. I happen to be in love with her. | 是我亲她的 我深爱着她 |
[1:30:23] | That’s ridiculous! Everybody knows you’re in love with me. | 岂有此理 大家都知道你爱我 |
[1:30:29] | Now look, Lina. Try and understand this. | 琳娜 识相一点吧 |
[1:30:32] | I’m going to marry her. | 我要娶她 |
[1:30:34] | Silly boy. She ain’t the marrying kind. | 傻小子 她并不是想和你结婚 |
[1:30:37] | She’s a flirt trying to get ahead by using you. | 她只是想利用你达到目的罢了 |
[1:30:40] | Well, I’ll put a stop to that! | 我必须阻止这件事 |
[1:30:42] | I’m gonna go up and see R.F. right now! | 我马上就去告诉亚夫 |
[1:30:44] | The picture’s finished. | 电影拍完了 |
[1:30:46] | If she weren’t in it, you’d be finished too. | 如果没有她 你也完了 |
[1:30:49] | As far as I can see, she’s the only one who’s finished. | 就我所知的 完蛋的人只有她 |
[1:30:52] | Who’ll hear of her? | 谁听过她的名字啊 |
[1:30:53] | Everybody. Why do you think Zelda’s in such a sweat? | 大家都听过 不然泽尔达为何要如此大费周章 |
[1:30:57] | Kathy nearly stole the picture from her. | 凯希根本就是在抢戏 |
[1:30:59] | She’s only doing you a favor in The Dancing Cavalier. | 她不过是替你在骑士之舞帮了个忙而已 |
[1:31:01] | And she’s getting full screen credit for it too. | 而且她的名字也将出现在工作人员表 |
[1:31:04] | It’sll say on the screen that I don’t talk and sing for myself? | 告诉观众那些话都不是我说的 那些歌都不是我唱的 |
[1:31:08] | Of course. What do you think? | 当然 不然呢 |
[1:31:10] | -They can’t do that. -It’s already done. | -他们不可以这样做 -我们已经决定了 |
[1:31:12] | There’s a whole publicity campaign planned. | 我们已计划好宣传活动 |
[1:31:15] | Publicity? | 宣传 |
[1:31:17] | They can’t make a fool out of me. | 他们不可以拿我当笑柄 |
[1:31:19] | They can’t make a laughingstock out of Lina Lamont. | 他们不能嘲笑琳娜·拉蒙特 |
[1:31:22] | What do they think I am, dumb or something? | 难道他们把我当成傻子不成 |
[1:31:25] | Why, I make more money… | 我赚的钱 |
[1:31:28] | than Calvin Coolidge… | 超过卡尔文·柯立芝的 |
[1:31:30] | put together! | 所有财产 |
[1:31:34] | “Monumental Pictures enthusiastic over Lina’s singing pipes and dancing stems.” | 曼纽门托电影公司对琳娜的歌喉赞不绝口 |
[1:31:39] | I never said that. | 我没说过那句话 |
[1:31:40] | “Premiere tomorrow night to reveal Lina Lamont, big musical talent.” | 明天的首映会将显露琳娜·拉蒙特的音乐才华 |
[1:31:44] | You can’t pull a switch like this on the publicity department. | 你不可以 任意改变我们的宣传计划 |
[1:31:48] | We were prepared for the Selden campaign. | 我们选的是莎登 |
[1:31:50] | Now you do this. At least keep us informed. | 现在可好 至少得通知我们一声 |
[1:31:52] | Wait a minute. I don’t know anything about this. | 等等 这件事我一无所知 |
[1:31:55] | What are we gonna do? | 我们该怎么办 |
[1:31:57] | Nothing. | 无可奈何 |
[1:31:59] | Absolutely nothing. | 一点办法也没有 |
[1:32:02] | You wouldn’t wanna call the papers and say Lina Lamont… | 量你们也不敢告诉报社 说琳娜·拉蒙特 |
[1:32:05] | is a big fat liar. | 是个大骗子 |
[1:32:07] | Did you send this stuff out? | 那消息是你散布出去的吗 |
[1:32:09] | I gave an exclusive story to every paper in town. | 我给了所有报社独家内幕 |
[1:32:13] | You’ll never get away with it. Call the papers. | 罗德 快打给报社 |
[1:32:15] | I wouldn’t do that if I were you. | 换成是我 我就不会这么做 |
[1:32:17] | Don’t tell me what to do, Lina. | 你无权指使我该怎么做 琳娜 |
[1:32:19] | What do you think I am, dumb or something? | 难道你把我当成傻子不成 |
[1:32:23] | I had my lawyer go over my contract. | 我已叫律师把合约看过一遍 |
[1:32:27] | Contract? | 合约 |
[1:32:28] | And I control my publicity, not you. | 我的宣传由我控制 不是你 |
[1:32:31] | The studio is responsible for every word printed about me. | 电影公司必须对所有关于我的文宣负责 |
[1:32:35] | If I don’t like it, I can sue. | 如果不满意 我可以起诉 |
[1:32:39] | What? | 什么 |
[1:32:40] | I can sue. | 我可以起诉 |
[1:32:42] | If you tell the papers about Kathy Selden | 如果你告诉报社有关凯希·莎登的事 |
[1:32:46] | it would be “detrimental and deleterious” to my career. | 它将”不利于且有害于”我的演艺生涯 |
[1:32:51] | I could sue you for the whole studio. | 我可以告你们全公司 |
[1:32:54] | -That’s a lot of nonsense. -Says so. | -一派胡言 -上面写得清清楚楚 |
[1:32:57] | Right here. | 在这儿 |
[1:32:58] | Contract dated June 8, 1925, paragraph 34, subdivision letter A. | 一九二五年六月八日立约 第三十四节 |
[1:33:03] | “The party of the first part…” | 当事人的第一人 |
[1:33:05] | -That’s me. -You win, Lina. | -那就是我 -算你狠 琳娜 |
[1:33:07] | We better take Kathy’s credit card off the screen. | 我们最好把凯希的名字从屏幕上拿掉 |
[1:33:10] | All right, go ahead. | 好吧 就这么办 |
[1:33:12] | Let’s just get this premiere over with. | 只要让首映会顺利进行 |
[1:33:14] | Satisfied? | 满意了吧 |
[1:33:16] | There’s just one little thing more. | 还有一件事 |
[1:33:19] | You want me to change the name of the studio to Lamont Pictures, lnc.? | 你要我把公司改名为拉蒙特电影公司 |
[1:33:23] | R.F., you’re cute. | 亚夫 你真逗 |
[1:33:25] | Now, I was just thinking. | 我只是在想 |
[1:33:27] | You’ve given her a part in Zelda’s picture | 你已安排她在泽尔达主演的电影中演出 |
[1:33:30] | and you’ll give her a bigger one in the next. | 将来她的戏份会愈来愈重 |
[1:33:33] | So what? | 那又怎样 所以呢 |
[1:33:35] | If she’s done such a grand job doubling for my voice | 既然她为我幕后配音如此称职 |
[1:33:38] | don’t you think she ought to go on doing just that? | 何不让她继续在幕后配音 |
[1:33:41] | -And nothing else. -You’re out of your mind. | -不做其它的工作 -你疯了 |
[1:33:44] | I’m still more important to the studio than she is. | 我在公司中的地位比她重要 |
[1:33:47] | I wouldn’t do that to her in a million years. | 我不会这样对待她的 |
[1:33:49] | You’d take her career away. People don’t do things like that. | 你根本是在断人前程 一般人是不会这么做的 |
[1:33:53] | People? | 一般人 |
[1:33:55] | I ain’t people. | 我不是一般人 |
[1:33:57] | I am a… | 我是 |
[1:34:02] | “A shimmering, glowing star in the cinema firmament.” | 在电影界中一颗闪耀的巨星 |
[1:34:06] | It says so… | 报纸上 |
[1:34:09] | right there. | 写得清清楚楚 |
[1:34:22] | Oh, Pierre, Pierre, my darling. At last, I’ve found you. | 噢 皮埃尔 我的爱人 我终于找到你了 |
[1:34:29] | Pierre, you’re hurt. Speak to me, speak to me. | 皮埃尔 你受伤了 说话啊 |
[1:34:33] | I’ll kiss her with a sigh | 我将在叹息中亲吻她 |
[1:34:38] | Would you? | 你愿意吗 |
[1:34:40] | Would you? | 你愿意吗 |
[1:34:43] | And if the girl were l | 如果那个女孩是我 |
[1:34:47] | Would you? | 你愿意吗 |
[1:34:49] | Would you? | 你愿意吗 |
[1:34:51] | Oh, Pierre, hold me in your arms always. | 噢 皮埃尔 抱紧我 |
[1:34:55] | Lockwood’s a sensation. | 洛克伍德的表现真是精彩 |
[1:34:56] | Yes, but Lamont! What a voice! Isn’t she marvelous? | 没错 可是拉蒙特 什么声音 她不是了不起吗 |
[1:35:00] | It’s going over wonderfully, isn’t it? | 配音配得不错吧 |
[1:35:03] | Our love will last till the stars turn cold. | 我们的爱直到海枯石烂 |
[1:35:08] | And would you dare to say | 你有勇气说 |
[1:35:13] | Let’s do the same as they | 让我们和他们一样 |
[1:35:19] | I would | 我愿意 |
[1:35:25] | Would you? | 你愿意吗 |
[1:35:53] | R.F., it’s a real smash. | 亚夫 太精彩了 |
[1:35:54] | -Congratulations. We owe you a lot. -Thank you. | -恭喜 我们欠你太多了 -谢谢 |
[1:35:57] | -Kathy, we made it! -It’s a miracle! | -凯希 我们成功了 -我们创造了奇迹 |
[1:35:59] | It’s great, Don. Just great. | 真是太精彩了 |
[1:36:01] | You were fabulous. You sang as well as Kathy Selden. | 你真是太棒了 你唱得和凯希一样好 |
[1:36:04] | And I’m gonna for a long time. | 而且我要继续这么做 |
[1:36:08] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[1:36:09] | I mean she’s gonna go right on singing for me. | 意思是我要她继续为我配唱 |
[1:36:12] | Listen, Lina. | 听着 琳娜 |
[1:36:14] | I thought something was cooking beneath those bleached curls. | 我就知道你早有预谋 |
[1:36:18] | Kathy has her own career. She only did this for this picture. | 凯希有自己的前途 这是唯一的一次 |
[1:36:21] | That’s what you think. | 那是你的想法 |
[1:36:23] | Come on, come on. | 快啊 快啊 |
[1:36:24] | Lina’s getting carried away. | 琳娜已经走火入魔了 |
[1:36:27] | Listen, you boa constrictor. | 听好 你这条大蟒蛇 |
[1:36:29] | Don’t get any fancy ideas about the future. Tell her! | 对于她的将来别耍任何花样 告诉她 |
[1:36:32] | Never mind, R.F.! Listen to that applause. | 算了吧 听那观众的掌声 |
[1:36:34] | Wait till the money rolls in. | 等着赚大钱吧 |
[1:36:36] | You won’t give all that up | 你不会放弃赚钱的机会吧 |
[1:36:38] | because a nobody don’t wanna be my voice. | 只因一个无名小卒不愿替我配音 |
[1:36:40] | She’s got something. It’s a gold mine. | 她拥有声线 这是座金矿 |
[1:36:43] | Part of that choice is mine. | 声音的部份是我的 |
[1:36:45] | And I just won’t do it. | 而且我不会再为你配音 |
[1:36:46] | You’ve got a five-year contract. You’ll do what R.F. says. | 你已签了约 你得依亚夫的话去做 |
[1:36:50] | What’s the matter? Why don’t you tell her off? | 你是怎么搞的 怎么不告诉她 |
[1:36:53] | I’m confused. This thing is so big… | 我不知道 此事关重大 |
[1:36:55] | -They’re tearing the house apart. -Take a curtain call. | -他们掌声如雷 -快谢幕 |
[1:36:58] | I once gave you a cigar. Can I have it back? | 我曾经给你一支雪茄 能把它还我吗 |
[1:37:01] | Listen! I’m an avalanche! Selden, you’re stuck. | 听着 我深受喜爱 莎登 而你前途无亮 |
[1:37:04] | If this happens, get a new boy. I won’t stand for it. | 如果这样 再找个新人吧 我无法再忍受 |
[1:37:08] | They’d come to see me if I played opposite a monkey! | 谁需要你 就算我和猴子演对手戏 观众还是会来看 |
[1:37:12] | Don’s a smash too. | 唐也深受喜爱 |
[1:37:13] | I’ll say a few words. I’m still running the studio. | 我得说几句 我仍是公司的老板 |
[1:37:16] | I’m not so sure! | 这可说不定 |
[1:37:18] | You’re Mr. Producer, always running things, running me. | 你是掌控一切的制作人 包括我在内 |
[1:37:21] | From now on, as far as I’m concerned, I’m running things. | 但从今以后一切由我作主 |
[1:37:25] | Lina Lamont Pictures, lnc., huh? | 琳娜·拉蒙特电影公司 |
[1:37:27] | You’ve gone a little too far. | 你有点过份了 |
[1:37:29] | -They’re yelling for a speech. -A speech? | -观众要求致词 -致词 |
[1:37:32] | Yeah, everybody’s always making speeches for me. | 通常都是由别人为我代言 |
[1:37:35] | Tonight, I’m gonna do my own talking. I’m gonna make the speech! | 今晚 我要自己说 我要自己致词 |
[1:37:40] | -No, please! -Wait a minute. Wait a minute. | -不 请不要 -等等 等等 |
[1:37:43] | This is Lina’s big night and she’s entitled to do the talking. | 今天是琳娜的大日子 就让她说吧 |
[1:37:48] | -Right? -Right. | -好吗 -好 |
[1:37:55] | Ladies and gentlemen. | 女士们先生们 |
[1:37:57] | I can’t tell you… | 我无法表达 |
[1:37:59] | how thrilled we are at your reception | 对各位热情反响的激动之情 |
[1:38:01] | for The Dancing Cavalier, our first musical picture together. | 因为这部歌舞骑士是我们合作的第一部歌舞片 |
[1:38:05] | If we bring a little joy into your humdrum lives… | 如果我们能为各位平淡的生活增添些许的欢笑 |
[1:38:10] | it makes us feel as though our hard work… | 这会让我们觉得自己的的努力 |
[1:38:12] | ain’t been in vain for nothing. | 就没有白费 |
[1:38:16] | Bless you all. | 祝福大家 |
[1:38:18] | She didn’t sound that way in the picture. | 她的声音和影片中不一样了 |
[1:38:20] | Cut the talk, Lina. Sing! | 别再说了 琳娜 唱啊 |
[1:38:29] | I got an idea. Come here. | 我有办法了 过来 |
[1:38:31] | Now, listen. | 现在听好 |
[1:38:36] | What am I gonna do? | 我该怎么办 |
[1:38:38] | We’ve got it. Get a mike set up back of that curtain. | 在布幕后装一支麦克风 |
[1:38:42] | Kathy, come here. Kathy will stand back of there and sing. | 凯希 凯希会在后面唱 |
[1:38:45] | She’ll be back of the curtain singing, and I’ll be in front… | 她在后面唱 我在前面 |
[1:38:49] | -Like in the picture? -Right. | -就像电影一样 -对 |
[1:38:51] | You’ve gotta do it. This is too big. | 你非唱不可 此事非同小可 |
[1:38:53] | She’s got a five-year contract with me. Get over to that mike. | 她和我签了五年的合约 快走向麦克风 |
[1:38:57] | You heard him, Kathy. Now do it! | 凯希 你听见了 快去 |
[1:38:59] | I’ll do it, Don. | 我会去的 唐 |
[1:39:01] | But I never want to see you again | 但我不想再见到你 |
[1:39:03] | on or off the screen. | 不论是在幕前还是幕后 |
[1:39:05] | Now, come on, Lina. | 快啊 琳娜 |
[1:39:11] | What are you gonna sing? | 你要唱什么 |
[1:39:17] | “Singing in the Rain.” | 《雨中欢唱》 |
[1:39:19] | “Singing in the Rain.” | 《雨中欢唱》 |
[1:39:23] | In what key? | 什么调 |
[1:39:27] | A-flat. | 降A |
[1:39:29] | A-flat. | 降A |
[1:39:43] | I’m singin’in the rain Just singin’in the rain | 我在雨中欢唱 |
[1:39:48] | What a glorious feelin’ I’m happy again | 重拾往日的欢乐 感觉真好 |
[1:39:53] | I’m laughin’at clouds So dark up above | 我对着天上的乌云大笑 |
[1:39:59] | The sun’s in my heart | 我心中充满阳光 |
[1:40:02] | And I’m ready for love | 我已准备恋爱 |
[1:40:04] | Let the stormy clouds chase | 让乌云追着 |
[1:40:06] | Everyone from the place | 大家跑 |
[1:40:09] | Come on with the rain I’ve a smile on my face | 让大雨滂沱吧 我的脸上露出微笑 |
[1:40:14] | I’ll walk down the lane With a happy refrain | 我要走在街道上欢唱着 |
[1:40:19] | And singin’ Just singin’in the rain | 在雨中欢唱着 |
[1:40:25] | I’m singin’ Just singin’ in the rain | 我在雨中欢唱着 |
[1:40:30] | What a glorious feelin’ I’m happy again | 重拾往日的欢乐 感觉真好 |
[1:40:35] | I’m laughin’ at clouds So dark up above | 我对着天空的乌云大笑 |
[1:40:40] | The sun’s in my heart and I’m ready for love | 我心中充满阳光 我已准备恋爱 |
[1:40:50] | Stop that girl! | 拦住她 |
[1:40:51] | That girl running up the aisle! | 她往走道跑了 |
[1:40:53] | That’s the girl whose voice you heard and loved. | 各位听见的是她的歌声 |
[1:40:56] | She’s the real star of the picture, Kathy Selden! | 她是本片真正的女主角 凯希·莎登 |
[1:41:08] | You are… | 你是 |
[1:41:12] | my lucky star | 我的幸运之星 |
[1:41:17] | I saw you | 我看见你 |
[1:41:20] | from afar | 在远方 |
[1:41:26] | Two lovely eyes At me they were gleaming | 明亮的双眼注视着我 |
[1:41:34] | Beaming | 闪烁着 |
[1:41:38] | I was starstruck | 我真是受宠若惊 |
[1:41:44] | You’re all… | 你是 |
[1:41:47] | my lucky charms | 我的幸运之星 |
[1:41:52] | I’m lucky | 幸运的我 |
[1:41:56] | in your arms | 在你怀里 |
[1:42:01] | You’ve opened heaven’s portal | 你为我开启了天堂之门 |
[1:42:05] | Here on earth for this poor mortal | 为我这个平凡人 |
[1:42:12] | You… | 你 |
[1:42:15] | are my… | 是我的 |
[1:42:18] | lucky star | 幸运之星 |