英文名称:Scoop
年代:2006
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:41] | Don’t mourn for Joe Strombel. | 不要为乔·斯特劳博悲伤 |
[01:45] | Joe Strombel led a full life. | 乔·斯特劳博的一生很辉煌 |
[01:48] | A newspaperman in the best tradition. | 他是个典型的新闻工作者 |
[01:51] | A great credit to the fourth estate. | 在新闻界中有很高的声望 |
[01:54] | It didn’t matter if the bombs in the war zone were falling. | 不管是在战区爆炸的炸弹 |
[01:58] | It didn’t matter how high up the political scandal went, | 不管是多大的政治丑闻 |
[02:02] | or how many big corporations | 不管有多少大企业 |
[02:04] | or small-time racketeers leaned on him. | 或者小的投机者依靠他 |
[02:08] | Whatever the risk, if there was a story there, | 无论有多大风险 只要有新闻存在 |
[02:11] | Joe went after it. And he usually got it. | 乔就一定会追踪 而且他总能从中挖掘出什么 |
[02:16] | Well, I was with him when the story broke about Prince Charles, | 他关于查尔斯王子的那篇报道 |
[02:18] | and that made him persona non grata with the Royal Family. | 使他成为不受王室欢迎的人 |
[02:21] | Except with Diana. They always remained good friends. | 除了黛安娜王妃 他们一直都是好朋友 |
[02:24] | He did love a woman. | 看来他还是喜欢女人的 |
[02:26] | Hey, did you know he started as a police reporter? | 你知道吗 他是从警察记者做起的 |
[02:28] | Did he? Yeah, he was a bloody good one. | 是吗 他可是个好手 |
[02:30] | One of the best. Maybe the best. | 最好的警察记者之一 也许是最顶尖的 |
[02:32] | I got trapped with Joe once in Afghanistan. | 我有一次和乔在阿富汗被抓了 |
[02:34] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[02:35] | And we were going to be shot any moment by the Taliban, until, | 当时我们随时都有被塔利班枪决的危险 |
[02:38] | typically, Joe found someone to bribe | 结果乔向其中的一个人行贿 |
[02:40] | so we could escape. | 我们才得以逃脱 |
[02:42] | -Not with his own money, though. -No, no, he got it on expenses. | -不是用他自己的钱吧 -不是 不是 后来报销了 |
[02:45] | -Plus 10%. -Ten percent. | -多报了10% -10% |
[02:47] | But it did involve us getting out wearing burkas. | 不过我们确实是穿着长袍逃脱的 |
[02:50] | And, well, we lived to write another day. | 我们活下来继续写新闻 |
[02:53] | -Everyone loved him. -Yeah. | -每个人都爱他 -嗯 |
[02:54] | Not always at British intelligence. | 英国情报部门可不是 |
[02:56] | No, but he got the information before anyone else. | 是的 但他总比别人提前得到消息 |
[02:58] | Yeah, he did. That’s right. Not Richard Nixon, though. | 是的 没错 理查·尼克松也不如他快 |
[03:01] | Well, wherever you are now, Joe, it won’t be the same without you, mate. | 乔 无论你现在身在何处 没有你整个世界都不同了 |
[03:06] | To Joe. Joe Strombel. | 敬乔 敬乔·斯特劳博 |
[03:29] | Where are we headed? | 我们这是去哪 |
[03:35] | Does this mean anything to you? | 这个对你有用吗 |
[03:49] | He doesn’t give answers. Tried it. | 他不会回答的 我试过了 |
[03:53] | Joe Strombel. Coronary thrombosis. | 乔·斯特劳博 死于冠状动脉血栓 |
[03:56] | Jane Cook. | 我叫简·库克 |
[03:58] | -So, what do you do? -Reporter. | -你是干什么的 -记者 |
[04:00] | -Hmm. -You? | -嗯 -你呢 |
[04:02] | I’m… Well, I was personal secretary to Peter Lyman. | 嗯…我曾是彼得·莱曼的私人秘书 |
[04:07] | -Lord Lyman’s son. -Yes, impressive young man. | -莱曼勋爵的儿子 -是啊 令人印象很深的年轻人 |
[04:10] | -You knew him? -No, only by reputation. | -你认识他 -不认识 只是听说过 |
[04:13] | But I like what I know. | 但是我觉得他是个不错的年轻人 |
[04:15] | I think he’s got a real future in politics. | 我想他肯定会在政界大展宏图的 |
[04:19] | How did you die? | 你是怎么死的 |
[04:21] | I think I was poisoned. | 我认为我是被人下毒的 |
[04:23] | You think? | 你认为 |
[04:25] | Why? | 为何 |
[04:27] | I believe I was poisoned | 我相信我是被人下毒了 |
[04:28] | because I was on the verge of confirming a terrible suspicion. | 因为我马上就要证实一个可怕的猜测 |
[04:32] | Yes? What suspicion is that? | 是吗 什么猜测 |
[04:36] | That Peter Lyman is the serial killer | 彼得·莱曼是连环杀手 |
[04:38] | known to the police as the Tarot Card Killer. | 也就是警方所谓的塔罗牌杀手 |
[04:42] | What? | 什么 |
[04:44] | I assume you’re aware of that case? | 我以为你知道那个案子 |
[04:46] | Yeah, I wrote an article two years ago, | 对 我两年前曾写过一篇报道 那 |
[04:48] | when the Tarot killings first started. | 时塔罗牌连环杀人案刚开始 |
[04:49] | But Peter Lyman? My God. | 凶手是彼得·莱曼 我的天啊 |
[04:52] | What on earth made you suspect | 到底是什么让你怀疑 |
[04:54] | this rich, young handsome, above-reproach citizen? | 这个富有 年轻 英俊 完美的年轻人 |
[04:57] | You remember the last murder? The police found a clue. | 你还记得上一起谋杀案吗 警方找到了一条线索 |
[05:00] | Yes, a cufflink. I read about it in the paper. | 是的 一枚袖扣 我在报纸上看到了 |
[05:02] | Unusual antique, wasn’t it? | 很罕见的古董 是吧 |
[05:03] | Yep. Very rare Art Deco. | 嗯 很稀有的装饰品 |
[05:06] | Peter had the exact pair. | 彼得就有那么一对 |
[05:10] | So could have the Tarot Killer. | 塔罗牌杀手可能也有啊 |
[05:11] | The world is full of coincidences. | 这世界充满巧合 |
[05:13] | Yeah, except I noticed that Peter only had one left. | 是的 但是我发现彼得只剩下一个袖扣 |
[05:17] | He’d lost the other. | 另一个丢了 |
[05:20] | Still, | 尽管如此 |
[05:21] | although it’s a tantalizing thought. | 尽管你的结论有点操之过急 |
[05:23] | Did you inform the police, or was that too sticky? | 你有没有通知警方 还是这件事太困难了 |
[05:26] | I didn’t know what to do, so I phoned my lawyer | 我不知道该怎么办 所以我给我的律师打了电话 |
[05:28] | and I asked his advice on whether to report it or not. | 我向他征求意见 是否要向警察报告 |
[05:30] | And I thought I heard this click on the phone, | 我想我在电话里听到了滴答声 |
[05:34] | you know, like someone had been listening. | 就像有人在监听 |
[05:36] | Later that day, after tea, | 后来晚些时候 喝过茶之后 |
[05:39] | I died suddenly. | 我突然就死了 |
[05:46] | That is suspicious. | 这很可疑 |
[05:51] | My God, Peter Lyman. | 我的天啊 彼得·莱曼 |
[05:53] | Hard to believe, but if he did turn out to be the Tarot Killer, | 难以置信 但如果他真是塔罗牌杀手 |
[05:57] | what a story. | 可真是个大新闻啊 |
[05:58] | I knew you’d appreciate it when you said | 当你告诉我你是记者时 |
[05:59] | you were a reporter. | 我就知道你会感谢我提供的这个线索的 |
[06:01] | This would be a dynamite scoop. And I got it first. | 这可真是特大的独家新闻啊 我是第一个得到的 |
[06:04] | Yeah. Unfortunately, where you’re headed there is no first. | 嗯 但是很不幸 你要去的地方没有第一 |
[06:07] | There’s only last. | 只有最后 |
[06:19] | Mr. Tinsley! Loved your last picture. | 廷斯利先生 我很喜欢你上一部电影 |
[06:21] | You really have a way with actors. | 你挑选演员可真有一套 |
[06:22] | Think you could maybe… Please wait! | 你可能是…请等一下 |
[06:25] | -Mr. Tinsley? -Yeah. | -廷斯利先生 -嗯 |
[06:28] | -Sondra Pransky. -Who? | -我是桑德拉·波兰斯基 -谁 |
[06:31] | Sondra Pransky. I’m the journalism student from Adair. | 桑德拉·波兰斯基 我是从阿达尔来的新闻系学生 |
[06:34] | I wrote to you about getting an interview for the school newspaper. | 我给您写过信 想为校报做一篇你的专访 |
[06:37] | Oh… | 哦… |
[06:38] | And you, well, your secretary, actually, because… Not you. | 你…不 是您的秘书说… |
[06:41] | I mean, I know how busy film directors get and all. | 我是说 我知道电影导演有多忙 |
[06:44] | But you said if I was in London visiting, then you would, you know, | 但你说过如果我来伦敦游玩的话 您会同意的 |
[06:47] | and here I am, which is fantastic. | 现在我来了 真是太好了 |
[06:49] | I think I have your letter, actually. | 我带来您的信了 |
[06:51] | -See, right now I’m a bit tied up. -Here it is! | -看 现在我有点忙 -就是这个 |
[06:54] | Here it is. This is so great for me. | 就是这个 这对我太重要了 |
[06:56] | I mean, you’ve got a huge following in Rochester. | 您在罗切斯特有很多粉丝 |
[06:59] | It gets very cold there. | 那边现在很冷 |
[07:00] | With your new movie coming out in the fall, and… Well… | 随着你新片秋季上映… |
[07:03] | Actually, | 实际上… |
[07:05] | I was wondering if we could just ask you a couple of questions. | 我想知道您能否回答我几个问题 |
[07:09] | -Do you mind? -Okay, okay, but we got to be real quick. | -您介意吗 -好吧 好吧 不过我们得快点 |
[07:30] | I write for the cultural part of the paper. | 我为报纸写文化版面 |
[07:32] | I’m looking to move into more serious pieces. | 我想写几个更严肃的话题 |
[07:35] | And when you say something more serious, that’s… | 你说你想写更严肃的话题… |
[07:42] | You really want to know? | 您真想知道 |
[07:45] | Well, originally, I wasn’t going to go to college. | 原来我没打算上大学 |
[07:47] | I was going to become a dental hygienist like my sister, Beverly. | 我想像我姐姐贝弗莉一样成为牙医 |
[07:50] | And, don’t get me wrong, it’s a great profession. | 别误解 这职业很好 |
[07:52] | I have very high respect for teeth and gums, particularly gums. | 我很看重牙齿和牙龈的 尤其是牙龈 |
[07:56] | My whole family’s in orthodontics. But… | 我家人都从事牙齿校正行业 但… |
[07:57] | -And what? You’re vacationing here? -Oh, yes. | -但什么 你是来这度假的 -是的 |
[08:01] | Oh, I’m just very friendly with a very upper class British family. | 我和这的一个贵族英国家庭处得很好 |
[08:05] | Our families vacationed in Palm Beach together. | 我们一家当时在棕榈滩度假 |
[08:08] | My mother won a visit to Palm Beach | 我妈赢了到棕榈滩观光的机会 |
[08:09] | and I became friends with their granddaughter, Vivian. | 我和那个家族的孙女薇薇安成了好朋友 |
[08:12] | She’s so lovely. She’ll stay with us… | 她很可爱 她将和我们住一起… |
[08:13] | -Another? -Oh, thanks. | -还要吗 -哦 谢谢 |
[08:17] | So I slept with him and I didn’t even get the interview. | 我和他上了床却没对他进行专访 |
[08:21] | I mean, what kind of a reporter am l? | 我是说 我算是什么记者 |
[08:22] | How was the sex? Give me all the details. | 性的方面怎么样 告诉我全部细节 |
[08:24] | Who knows? I was so drunk, I don’t even remember. | 谁知道呢 我喝醉了 什么都记不得了 |
[08:27] | All I know is that the second it was over, | 我只记得刚完事 |
[08:29] | he got a phone call and had to leave suddenly for Thailand. | 他就接到一个电话 然后马上去了泰国 |
[08:31] | Thailand? | 泰国 |
[08:32] | Yeah, Justin Richards got fired from some project and he had to take over. | 是的 贾斯廷·理查德被那个项目解雇了 他得去顶替 |
[08:36] | What difference does it make? | 那有什么区别呢 |
[08:37] | The point is, I told the whole school | 重要的是 我告诉整个学校 |
[08:39] | I’d get an exclusive with Michael Tinsley! | 我要对麦克·廷斯利进行独家专访 |
[08:41] | You were nervous. | 你当时太紧张了 |
[08:42] | You’re inexperienced. You drank. | 你没经验 你喝醉了 |
[08:44] | He’s a charming genius. | 他是个迷人的天才 |
[08:46] | But you know, you’re a very attractive, sexy girl. | 但你也是个迷人性感的女孩 |
[08:48] | If you’re going to interview movers and shakers in their hotel rooms, | 如果你在宾馆采访影星歌星 |
[08:51] | you better watch out. | 你最好小心点 |
[08:52] | Not that I’d mind a roll in the hay with Michael Tinsley. | 倒不是我介意你和麦克·廷斯利翻云覆雨 |
[08:55] | I’ve put some fresh towels in your bedroom, Sondra. | 我放了几条干净的毛巾在你卧室 桑德拉 |
[08:58] | Thank you, Mrs. Thompson. | 谢谢 汤普森夫人 |
[09:00] | Come on, sweetheart. Chop, chop. You’re gonna be late. | 快点 甜心 你要迟到了 |
[09:03] | -Oh, Mom. -The point is I didn’t get the story! | -哦 妈妈 -关键是我没拿到新闻 |
[09:05] | I mean, if I’d used my feminine wiles | 我是说 如果我用了女性的魅力 |
[09:07] | Iike Katharine Hepburn or Rosalind Russell. | 就像凯瑟琳·赫本和 罗莎琳德·拉塞尔一样 |
[09:09] | Oh, come on. | 哦 算了吧 |
[09:10] | We’ll go have lunch at The lvy, | 我们到爱维餐厅吃饭 |
[09:12] | and then we’ll take my little brother | 然后带上我的弟弟 |
[09:14] | to see that show he’s so excited about, | 去看他一直想看的演出 |
[09:15] | and then we’ll go to that party tonight. | 今天晚上我们去参加派对 |
[09:17] | There’ll be loads of gorgeous guys there. | 那里可有大批的帅哥 |
[09:19] | And you’re always saying all the men you meet are complete losers. | 你总是说你遇到的男人都很衰 |
[09:22] | So you blew the story. It’s not life or death. | 你没搞定新闻 但这没什么大不了 |
[10:01] | Ladies and gentlemen, prepare yourselves | 女士们先生们 请准备好 |
[10:03] | for the astonishing magic | 观看惊奇魔术 |
[10:05] | of Splendini! | 有请思朋兰迪尼 |
[10:56] | Thank you, ladies and gentlemen, you’re an incredible audience | 谢谢 女士们先生们 你们是非常优秀的观众 |
[10:58] | and I mean that sincerely. I say that from the bottom of my heart. | 我是很诚恳的 这话是发自我内心的 |
[11:00] | You know, every time I come to London, this great city, | 每次我来到伦敦这个伟大的城市 |
[11:03] | I always get a sincere sensation, | 我总有一种很诚挚的感觉 |
[11:05] | because you’re marvelous people, beautiful humans. | 因为你们是如此不可思议 如此美丽 |
[11:09] | And for my next experiment… | 为了下面的实验… |
[11:11] | And I call it an experiment, you see, not a trick. | 我称之为实验 而不是戏法 |
[11:13] | I’m gonna need a volunteer. | 我需要一个志愿者 |
[11:15] | So if you’ll step out and find someone for me. | 请你下去帮我找个人上来 |
[11:17] | This is kind of dangerous stuff so no children here. | 这实验有点危险 小朋友就算了 |
[11:21] | I need a grown-up volunteer. | 我需要个成人志愿者 |
[11:23] | Someone who’s willing to put her life on the line. | 一个愿意冒险的人 |
[11:33] | -Is this your first time on stage? -Yes. | -这是你第一次上台 -是的 |
[11:35] | Yes, you’ve never done… Well, you got nothing to be afraid of. | 你从来没有…你一点也不用害怕 |
[11:37] | You nervous? Don’t be nervous. | 你紧张吗 不要紧张 |
[11:40] | What’s your name? Tell them your name. | 你叫什么 告诉大家你的名字 |
[11:41] | Sondra Pransky. | 桑德拉·波兰斯基 |
[11:42] | A landsman! United States! Fantastic! | 原来是同胞啊 美国 太棒了 |
[11:45] | And where are you from, Sondra? No, don’t tell me, | 你从哪来 桑德拉 不 先别告诉我 |
[11:48] | ’cause I got a great ear for that kind of thing. | 因为我的耳朵能听到 |
[11:51] | Alabama! Am I right? Am I right? | 阿拉巴马 对吧 对吧 |
[11:54] | -Close. -Yeah? | -接近了 -是吗 |
[11:55] | -I’m from Brooklyn. -Incredible! | -我从布鲁克林来的 -不可思议 |
[11:57] | God bless you, sweetheart. I’m from Brooklyn, too. | 上帝保佑你 甜心 我也是从布鲁克林来的 |
[11:59] | That is fantastic. I feel such love coming from this woman. | 真奇妙 我从这个女孩身上感到浓浓爱意 |
[12:02] | I can’t tell you. It’s really… | 我没法说出来 那真是… |
[12:03] | I say this with all sincerity from the bottom of my heart. | 我是真诚的 这是发自我内心的 |
[12:06] | You’re an incredible human being and a credit to your race. | 你是个了不起的人 是人类的骄傲 |
[12:09] | Sondra, let me ask you a question. What do you do? Tell them what you do. | 桑德拉 我问你个问题 你是干什么的 告诉大家 |
[12:13] | I’m a student. | 我是个学生 |
[12:14] | Yeah? A student? And what are you studying? | 是吗 学生 学什么的 |
[12:18] | No. No, wait! I got an instinct for what a person is studying. | 不 等等 我有能感应到你所学专业的直觉 |
[12:21] | For exactly what you’d be right for. | 真正适合你的专业 |
[12:24] | Dental hygienist! | 你是学牙医的 |
[12:26] | Was I close? | 接近吗 |
[12:29] | No, I’m a journalism student. | 不 我是学新闻的 |
[12:30] | You study journalism. Well, if you… | 你学新闻 那如果你… |
[12:34] | Have you ever been dematerialized before? | 你以前有”消失”过吗 |
[12:36] | -No. -No? Well, there’s nothing to be afraid of. | -没有 -没有 没什么可怕的 |
[12:39] | I’m just going to agitate some of your molecules and split them apart. | 我只是要激发出一些你体内的分子 然后把它们分开来 |
[12:41] | -It’s not gonna hurt. -I just ate. Is this gonna make me… | -不会很痛的 -我刚吃完饭 这会不会让我… |
[12:43] | You just ate. She said she… | 你刚吃过饭 她说… |
[12:45] | I’ll do the jokes, Sondra. | 桑德拉 玩笑还是都留给我来说 |
[12:47] | Now, Sondra, I’m going to ask you to step into that box | 现在 桑德拉 我要你走进那个盒子 |
[12:51] | and I’m gonna have your molecules split up. I’m gonna split ’em up. | 我要把你体内的分子分开 |
[12:54] | It’s gonna be very painless. And I’m gonna put you back together again. | 一点也不疼 然后我再把你还原回来 |
[12:56] | Don’t tickle me. | 别搔我痒 |
[12:58] | Tell them what you just said to me. You got to hear this. | 告诉大家你刚和我说的 你们得听听 |
[13:01] | Tell them what you said to me. | 告诉大家你和我说了什么 |
[13:02] | -No, tell them, tell them. -No. | -不 快说吧 快说吧 -不 |
[13:04] | She said, “Don’t tickle me.” | 她说”别搔我痒” |
[13:06] | God bless you, sweetheart. | 上帝保佑你 甜心 |
[13:08] | You got a fantastic sense of humor. | 你很有幽默感 |
[13:10] | You know if more people in the world had a sense of humor, | 如果世界上有更多的人有幽默感 |
[13:12] | we would not be in the state we are in today. | 我们就不是现在这样了 |
[13:14] | I kid you not. | 我说着玩的 |
[13:18] | Get in the box. Get in the box, Sondra. Go ahead. | 进盒子里吧 进去吧 桑德拉 |
[13:20] | In the box. Go ahead. Get in the box. Get in the box. Hurry up. | 进去吧 快点 |
[13:23] | I’m going to agitate the molecules now. Miss Sondra Mandelbaum. | 我现在要激发分子了 桑德拉·门德尔博母小姐 |
[13:26] | Pransky. | 是波兰斯基 |
[13:27] | Pransky, Mandelbaum. What’s the… | 波兰斯基 门德尔博母… |
[13:28] | We take off the same holidays. Doesn’t matter. | 我们都是同胞 无所谓的 |
[13:31] | Get in the box, sweetheart, and don’t be scared. | 进去吧 甜心 别害怕 |
[13:33] | You in there? | 你在里面吗 |
[13:39] | -You’re a journalist, right? -Oh, my God. What are you doing in here? | -你是个记者吧 -哦 天啊 你在这干什么 |
[13:42] | Aren’t you a journalist? Yeah? | 你是不是记者 是吗 |
[13:44] | I mean, those are the vibrations I’ve been concentrating on. | 我是说 我现在只关心这个问题 |
[13:46] | Are you ready, Sondra? | 好了吗 桑德拉 |
[13:48] | I’m Joe Strombel, reporter, and I have the scoop of the decade | 我是乔·斯特劳博 记者 我有近几年难得的 |
[13:51] | about the Tarot Card murder case. | 关于塔罗牌谋杀案的独家新闻 |
[13:53] | I mean if it pans out, it’ll be fantastic. | 我是说 如果这消息可靠的话就太棒了 |
[13:55] | It’s got everything. Big names, murder, prostitution. | 这里面什么都有 大人物 谋杀 卖淫 |
[13:58] | I’m going to start agitating your molecules. | 我要激发你的分子了 |
[14:01] | You’re a journalist. I’ve got some information for you. | 你是个记者 我给你点信息 |
[14:04] | Big story. Big, big, big scoop. | 重大新闻 惊世骇俗的独家新闻 |
[14:06] | Peter Lyman… | 彼得·莱曼… |
[14:27] | Come on out, Sondra. Come on out, sweetheart. Come on out, sweetheart. | 出来吧 桑德拉 出来吧 甜心 |
[14:31] | The trick’s over. It’s over. It’s over. | 戏法结束了 结束了 |
[14:33] | She’s a little stunned. She’s never been on stage before. So, you know… | 她有点晕了 她从没到台上来过 |
[14:37] | She’s a little stunned. | 所以她有点晕了 |
[14:38] | Are your molecules okay? Is everything feeling good? | 你的分子没事吧 感觉还不错吧 |
[14:40] | You all in shape? You got all your parts? | 你还是完整的吧 |
[14:43] | That’s fantastic. | 太神奇了 |
[14:45] | Okay, Sondra, take your seat. Go back to your seat. Go back to your seat. | 好吧 桑德拉 回到座位上吧 |
[14:48] | Go ahead. She’s great. Let’s hear it for her. She’s great. Go ahead. | 回去吧 她很棒 给她鼓鼓掌 她很棒 去吧 |
[14:51] | Go ahead. Go back to your seat. | 回去吧 回到你座位上去吧 |
[15:10] | Will you take out the blue light, please? | 能不能拿掉蓝色的灯 |
[15:13] | ‘Cause I’m getting a completely | 因为我对蓝色 |
[15:14] | negative vibration from the blue. | 完全没有感应 |
[15:16] | It’s not right. | 这样不好 |
[15:18] | There’s a lady to see you, sir. | 有位女士要见您 先生 |
[15:20] | Hey, Mandelbaum! From the school newspaper, am I right? | 嘿 门德尔博母 校报派来的吧 |
[15:24] | No, Pransky. | 不 我叫波兰斯基 |
[15:25] | Listen, I have to talk to you about something very serious. | 听着 我有件很严重的事情要跟您说 |
[15:27] | When you put me inside that box… | 你把我放进盒子里的时候 |
[15:29] | I smell a frivolous lawsuit here. | 我在这闻到一股轻率的诉讼的气味 |
[15:31] | You going to tell me you’re getting headaches now or something? Dizzy spells? | 你是不是要告诉我 你现在头疼眩晕什么的 |
[15:34] | No. No. When you put me inside that Chinese box… | 不 你把我放进那个中式盒子里时 |
[15:37] | Yeah, the dematerializer. | 嗯 那是物质消失机 |
[15:39] | …a spirit materialized. | 一个灵魂出现了 |
[15:41] | Uh-huh… | 嗯… |
[15:42] | No, Mr. Splendini, I’m very serious about this. | 思朋兰迪尼先生 我可是很认真的 |
[15:44] | You can drop the Splendini. My name is Sidney Waterman. | 你别叫我思朋兰迪尼了 我的名字是西德尼·沃特曼 |
[15:47] | You know what I mean? I just go exotic | 你知道什么意思 我有时只是 |
[15:48] | to give the square haircuts a little charisma now and then. | 想标新立异 增加一点魅力而已 |
[15:51] | Look, the spirit appeared right next to me! | 那个灵魂就出现在我旁边 |
[15:54] | At first I thought he was one of your stooges. | 开始我以为他是你的助手 |
[15:56] | I don’t work with stooges, you know, | 我不需要助手 否则的话 |
[15:58] | because you gotta pay them health benefits. | 你得付他们健康费 |
[15:59] | But then he told me his name was Joe Strombel, | 但他告诉我他叫乔·斯特劳博 |
[16:01] | a journalist from the land of the departed. | 一个死去的记者 |
[16:03] | I couldn’t believe it. | 我不能相信 |
[16:04] | I’m a journalist, he’s a journalist. | 我是记者 他也是记者 |
[16:06] | I mean, our vibes must have kind of meshed together and… | 我是说我们的感应有点共鸣 |
[16:09] | You know, he didn’t say that, in so many words, | 他没明确的这么说 |
[16:11] | but I’m putting two and two together here. | 但是我觉得我们有关联 |
[16:12] | Do me a favor, put two and two together someplace else, | 帮我个忙 到别处关联去吧 |
[16:15] | because I’m very, very busy. So, do you mind? | 我很忙 非常忙 你介意吗 |
[16:18] | Listen, I Googled him, okay? | 听着 我在网上搜索了他一下 |
[16:20] | There is a Joe Strombel | 确实有个叫乔·斯特劳博的人 |
[16:21] | and he died three days ago. Uh-huh. | 三天前死掉了 |
[16:23] | Just put me back in the box. | 再把我放进盒子里吧 |
[16:29] | Now, I’m going to agitate the molecules, | 现在我要激发分子了 |
[16:34] | so let me know if anything happens, | 如果有什么事发生快告诉我 |
[16:36] | you know, just keep me posted. I’ll be right here. | 有事就告诉我 我就在这 |
[16:40] | The molecules are whirling. | 分子转动起来了 |
[16:43] | Mr. Strombel? Joe? | 斯特劳博先生 乔 |
[16:46] | It’s Sondra Pransky here. | 我是桑德拉·波兰斯基 |
[16:48] | I’m a journalist at Adair. | 我是阿达尔来的记者 |
[16:50] | I know you may have been aiming a little bit higher, | 我知道你可能找个更有资历的人 |
[16:52] | but I assure you, | 但我向你保证 |
[16:54] | whatever I lack in experience, I make up for in dedication. | 尽管我缺少经验 但是我会很努力的 |
[16:57] | I’m beginning to lose patience, Sondra. | 我快不耐烦了 桑德拉 |
[17:01] | So, let’s go. Is there anybody in there at all? | 好啦 里面有人吗 |
[17:04] | Nothing. Nothing yet. | 没有 还没有 |
[17:06] | Okay, that’s it. Finito. I’ve had it. | 就这样吧 结束了 我已经尽力了 |
[17:10] | Come on, sweetheart. And if I were you, | 出来吧 甜心 如果我是你 |
[17:12] | I would not tell this episode to anyone else, | 我是不把这事告诉别人的 |
[17:14] | because they’ll take away your driver’s license. | 因为他们会吊销你的驾照 |
[17:16] | -I don’t understand. -What? What’s to understand? | -我不明白 -明白什么 |
[17:18] | -I thought that… -It’s plywood. I built it. | -我以为…-这是夹板的 我自己做的 |
[17:20] | What’re you thinking, there are spirits? | 你在想什么 真的有灵魂 |
[17:21] | And there’s a world of departed people? | 真的有冥界 |
[17:23] | I don’t know what you’ve been smoking, | 我不知道你抽的是什么烟 |
[17:25] | but don’t try and bring it through customs. | 但是别指望能通过海关 |
[17:27] | Darling, I’m a little late. | 亲爱的 有点晚了 |
[17:29] | Sweetheart, I love you. You know that. | 甜心 我喜欢你 你知道的 |
[17:31] | I say this with all due respect, but… I… | 我这么说是真心的 但我… |
[17:32] | Sondra? Sondra? | 桑德拉 桑德拉 |
[17:34] | -Mr. Strombel. -Listen to me, Sondra. | -斯特劳博先生 -听我说 桑德拉 |
[17:36] | Carefully. Listen to me, hmm? Write this down. This is a big story. | 仔细听 写下来 这可是大新闻 |
[17:41] | You got a pen? | 你有笔吗 |
[17:43] | I only have a minute. Would you hurry? | 我时间不多 你能快点吗 |
[17:47] | Fine. | 好的 |
[17:48] | There’s every reason to believe that Peter Lyman… You got that name? | 有充分的理由相信彼得·莱曼…你记下名字了 |
[17:50] | -Yes. -Peter Lyman. Son of Lord Lyman, | -是的 -彼得·莱曼 莱曼勋爵的儿子 |
[17:53] | a respected businessman, hmm? | 受人尊敬的商人 |
[17:55] | Rich, good-looking, very successful. | 富有 英俊 事业有成 |
[17:58] | That Peter Lyman is the Tarot Card Serial Killer. | 这个彼得·莱曼就是塔罗牌连环杀手 |
[18:02] | Now, just write this down. | 把这个写下来 |
[18:03] | If so, that he’s murdered a dozen women. | 如果这是这样的话 他就谋杀了12个女人 |
[18:06] | Short-haired, brunette prostitutes. | 黑色短发的妓女 |
[18:08] | And if it turns out to be Lyman, | 如果真是莱曼干的 |
[18:09] | this will be the biggest story to hit London since Jack the Ripper. | 那就是自”开膛手杰克”以来 伦敦最大的新闻 |
[18:11] | “Jack the Ripper.” Is that capitalized? | “开膛手杰克” 是大写的吗 |
[18:13] | There’s no knowing where he’ll strike next, | 不清楚下次他要在哪里作案 |
[18:16] | but more women will be murdered until he is stopped. | 但是除非抓住他 否则会有更多的女人被害 |
[18:19] | That’s horrible! We have to notify the police. | 真可怕 我们得报告警察 |
[18:21] | No, no. What kind of reporter are you? | 不 你是什么记者 |
[18:23] | That would be a disaster! God, no! | 那将会是个大灾难 天啊 不要 |
[18:25] | He’s a respected millionaire. You can’t accuse anyone, | 他是个受人尊敬的百万富翁 你在没有确切证据的情况下 |
[18:28] | Iet alone someone like that without substantial proof. | 是不能指控任何人的 |
[18:30] | And once you’ve alerted him to the suspicion… That he is under suspicion, | 而且一旦他知道自己是嫌疑人 |
[18:35] | then he’ll be impossible to trap. | 他就不可能被逮到了 |
[18:36] | Not to mention doubly dangerous. | 那样危险性就更大了 |
[18:38] | There’s also a possibility that he poisoned his secretary | 很有可能他毒死了他的秘书 |
[18:41] | because he suspected that she was learning the truth. | 因为他怀疑她知道了真相 |
[18:44] | No, you have to get the story first, | 不 你得先拿到新闻 |
[18:47] | but first you have to get the story right! | 但是首先你要保证你的新闻是准确的 |
[18:49] | There’s no certainty in this, or… | 这里面没什么确定性 |
[18:52] | I got a feeling in my gut about this. | 我的直觉这么告诉我的 |
[18:54] | The kind that journalists dream about. | 那种记者梦寐以求的直觉 |
[18:57] | And so far, no one else has the information. | 目前未知 这事没有别人知道 |
[19:00] | Oh, if I was around today, | 如果我现在还活着 |
[19:02] | I’d find a way to get the facts | 我会有办法挖掘真相 |
[19:04] | and break this case wide open! | 并且把这事公之于众的 |
[19:06] | Now, believe me, Sondra. | 现在 相信我 桑德拉 |
[19:09] | You can wait your whole life for a story like this. | 这是千载难逢的大新闻 |
[19:12] | Don’t blow it. | 别搞砸了 |
[19:14] | And be careful. Lives are in the balance. | 小心点 生命悬而未决 |
[19:17] | Possibly, maybe yours. | 有可能就是你的生命有危险 |
[19:19] | Got to go. Got to go. | 该走了 该走了 |
[19:34] | -That’s it for me. -You got to help me with this. | -没我什么事了 -你得帮助我 |
[19:36] | Not me, honey. I’m a prestidigitator. | 我可不行 甜心 我只是个变戏法的 |
[19:38] | I do coin tricks and card tricks. | 我变硬币和扑克戏法 |
[19:39] | And I’m a journalist sitting on top of | 我是个记者 |
[19:41] | one of the biggest stories of all time! | 眼前有一个惊天动地的大新闻 |
[19:43] | Yeah. For a college paper! | 嗯 对校报来说是大新闻 |
[19:44] | Kid, you’re in over your head. | 孩子 你头脑发热了 |
[19:46] | -You know what you should do? You should share this story. -Share it? | -你知道该干什么吗 把消息公布出来 -公布 |
[19:49] | No! I gotta dig up the facts | 不 我要发掘真相 |
[19:51] | and then I gotta shop it around to every paper in town. | 而且要卖给城里每家报纸 |
[19:53] | Look at her. | 看看她 |
[19:55] | Soon you’ll be drinking the black coffee | 很快你就会喝着黑咖啡 |
[19:57] | and smoking cigarettes with the hat back. Now, what kind of… | 抽着香烟 反戴着帽子 那你是那种… |
[19:58] | We don’t have much time here. | 我们没多少时间了 |
[20:00] | I mean, we got to strike! You know this guy’s a serial killer. | 我是说 我们得行动 那家伙是连环杀手 |
[20:03] | He could just kill at any moment! | 他随时都可能杀人 |
[20:05] | I heard that part. That’s when I knew I was gonna make other plans. | 我听到那部分了 那时我就知道我得制定别的计划 |
[20:08] | You should go call the police. That’s what I’d do. | 你应该打电话给警察 我就会这么做 |
[20:10] | Yeah, and what am I gonna tell them? | 嗯 我怎么跟警察说 |
[20:12] | Tell them that… Exactly what he told you. | 就说…就说他告诉你的那些 |
[20:14] | That Lord Lyman’s son, Peter, is… He suspects he’s a serial killer. | 莱曼勋爵的儿子 彼得 有嫌疑是连环杀手 |
[20:18] | Uh-huh, and when they ask me where I got this information from? | 嗯 他们问我从哪得到的消息怎么办 |
[20:21] | Well, tell them! You know, just say, you know tell them… | 嗯 告诉他么那 你就告诉他们说… |
[20:25] | Just explain to them that… | 就解释说… |
[20:26] | You know, say that… Tell them… | 就说是… |
[20:29] | Where did you get the information? | 你从哪得到的消息 |
[20:31] | Was that the question that you just asked? | 你刚才问的是这个问题吗 |
[20:34] | I would not say anything if I were you ’cause they’ll put you away. | 如果我是你我就什么也不说 因为他们会把你关起来的 |
[20:37] | That’s exactly what I’m saying. | 这恰恰是我要说的 |
[20:39] | I’m gonna say, “l got this information from a dead guy”? | 我就说”我从一个死人那得到消息”的 |
[20:42] | Listen, this is not for me, Sondra. I don’t do this. | 听着 这不是我的事 桑德拉 我不会参与的 |
[20:45] | I do occasional bar mitzvahs and kids’ parties. | 我偶尔参加成人仪式和孩子们的派对 |
[20:48] | You know, you’re barking up the wrong tree. | 你找错人了 |
[20:51] | Peter Lyman. Who is Peter Lyman, you know? | 彼得·莱曼 他是谁 你知道吗 |
[20:53] | How can we meet him? | 我们怎样能见到他 |
[20:56] | How can we see what we’re dealing with here? | 我们怎样才能知道在和谁打交道 |
[21:06] | What the hell are we doing here? | 我们到底在干什么 |
[21:07] | You don’t even know what the guy looks like. | 你甚至不知道那家伙长什么样子 |
[21:09] | That’s why we’re here. | 这正是我们来这的原因 |
[21:10] | I just couldn’t get a clear picture of him on the lnternet, so… | 我没法在网上找到他清晰的照片 |
[21:13] | Jesus. And what are we going to do if we see him? | 天啊 我们见到他该怎么办 |
[21:17] | I mean, what are you gonna learn by looking at him? | 我是说 你看着他能知道什么 |
[21:19] | Unless he strangles a passerby. | 除非他掐死过路人 |
[21:22] | I don’t know, Sidney. I’m improvising. | 我不知道 西德尼 我在准备 |
[21:25] | I should be home, working on my magic. | 我应该在家钻研我的魔术 |
[21:28] | Hey, why don’t you think about this | 嘿 你为何不考虑一下 |
[21:30] | as adding some excitement to your life? | 就当是在生活中增加点兴奋点 |
[21:32] | Hey, sweetheart, excitement in my life | 嘿 甜心 我生活中的兴奋点 |
[21:35] | is dinner without heartburn after it. | 就是晚饭后没有胃痛 |
[21:39] | Do you have a family? | 你有家人吗 |
[21:43] | I had a wife, but she dumped me, if you can believe that. | 我有过一个老婆 但她甩了我 你能相信吗 |
[21:49] | Somehow… | 不知为何… |
[21:51] | She thought I was immature and that I never grew up. | 她认为我不成熟 总也长不大 |
[21:54] | Now, I had a great rebuttal for her. | 我使劲地反驳她 |
[21:57] | I could have nailed her, you know, | 我本来要打她的 |
[21:58] | but I raised my hand and she would not call on me. | 但我抬起手 她居然叫我打她 |
[22:03] | -Sidney… -What? | -西德尼…-怎么 |
[22:04] | That’s him. | 那就是他 |
[22:09] | Let’s follow him. | 我们跟着他 |
[22:11] | Follow? What do you want to follow him for? | 跟着 跟着他干什么 |
[22:13] | I’m telling you. We need clues, we need a lead. We gotta start someplace. | 我说了 我们需要线索 我们得从什么地方开始下手 |
[22:17] | No, darling, I do not think this is a good idea. | 不 亲爱的 这可不是好主意 |
[22:19] | It’s a very good idea. | 这是个非常好的主意 |
[22:23] | Come on! | 快来啊 |
[22:31] | Be careful. | 小心点 |
[22:34] | Hey, don’t touch anything. | 嘿 什么都别碰 |
[22:36] | You know, if you break something here, | 你如果打碎了这里的什么东西 |
[22:38] | you’re gonna be washing dishes the rest of your life. | 你这辈子就得洗盘子赚钱赔他们了 |
[22:46] | Okay, now you’ve seen him. Let’s go. | 你见过他了 我们走吧 |
[22:48] | Jerry! It’s Jerry Burke, Louis’ chiropractor. | 杰瑞 这是杰瑞·博克 路易斯的按摩师 |
[22:52] | Hi. Nice to see you. | 嗨 很高兴见到你 |
[22:53] | That’s how you follow a guy? It’s not even Peter Lyman! | 你就这样跟踪别人 那根本就不是彼得·莱曼 |
[22:56] | I told you the photos weren’t clear. | 我说过网上的照片不清楚 |
[22:58] | Sweetheart, you should live and be well, prosper. | 甜心 你应该好好活着 |
[23:01] | I hope… I say this with all due respect. | 我希望…我这些话都是发自内心的 |
[23:04] | But without me. | 我不是你生活中的一部分 |
[23:06] | I’m tired, I’m bored, I’m hungry, I’m going home. God love you. | 我累了 烦了 饿了 我要回家 上帝保佑你 |
[23:09] | -I’ll look for your byline. -Sidney! | -我等着看你的大作 -西德尼 |
[23:13] | -I’m about to become your favorite person. -Why? | -我就要成为你的最爱了 -为何 |
[23:16] | I ran into someone today who said that Peter Lyman | 我今天碰到一个人 |
[23:18] | swims at the Governor’s Club every day. | 说彼得·莱曼每天在市长俱乐部游泳 |
[23:21] | Really? What’s the Governor’s Club? | 真的 市长俱乐部是什么 |
[23:22] | It’s this posh, private club, | 是个豪华的私人俱乐部 |
[23:24] | but Daddy’s partner’s a member and members are allowed to bring guests. | 但是老爸的合伙人是会员 会员可以带客人去 |
[23:26] | Wow, do you think I could bring someone? | 你看我能带人去吗 |
[23:28] | I’m sure Daddy can arrange it. When do you want to go? | 老爸肯定可以安排的 你打算什么时候去 |
[23:39] | How can I help you? | 能为您效劳吗 |
[23:41] | Hi. We’re guests of the Fultons. | 嗨 我们是富尔顿家的客人 |
[23:43] | We’re here to take a dip. | 我们到这来泡一泡 |
[23:45] | Oh, yes, yes. The lockers are on the first floor. | 哦 好啊 柜子在1楼 |
[23:47] | -The pool’s downstairs. -Great. | -游泳池在楼下 -好的 |
[23:49] | By the way, is Peter Lyman here, by any chance? | 顺便问一下 彼得·莱曼在这吗 |
[23:52] | Mr. Lyman. | 莱曼先生 |
[23:53] | Yes, came in a few minutes ago. | 在 几分钟前来的 |
[23:54] | What color bathing suit does he have on? | 他穿什么颜色的泳裤 |
[23:56] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[23:57] | I… Do you want me to clash with him? | 我…你想让我和他撞衫吗 |
[24:02] | So silly. | 太傻了 |
[24:04] | -So do you swim? -Of course I don’t swim. You have to ask? | -你游泳吗 -当然不游泳 你非要问吗 |
[24:07] | What? They say it’s the best form of exercise. | 什么 他们说这是最好的健身方式之一 |
[24:09] | Yes, but when I go into the water, | 嗯 但我一下到水里 |
[24:11] | my glasses, you know, float off my head into the pool. | 我的眼镜就从我脑袋上滑下去 漂进池子里了 |
[24:16] | Hey, Sidney, that’s got to be him. | 嘿 西德尼 那肯定是他 |
[24:18] | Yeah, well, make sure this time. | 这次看好了 |
[24:19] | ‘Cause I don’t want to swim around after another chiropractor. | 因为我可不想跟在另一个按摩师后面游泳 |
[24:22] | Hmm, he’s very handsome. | 嘿 他可真帅 |
[24:24] | This guy is a serial killer like I play for the New York Jets. | 这家伙是个连环杀手 就像我在纽约喷汽机队打球的角色 |
[24:29] | How can we meet him? | 我们怎样才能认识他 |
[24:31] | I don’t know. They have a class system. | 不知道 他们有等级系统 |
[24:34] | He’s an aristocrat, and, you know, we’re commoners. | 他是贵族 我们是平民 |
[24:37] | In fact, according to his system, | 实际上 按照他们的系统 |
[24:39] | I think we’re probably classified as scum. | 我看我们也许就是最底层 |
[24:41] | This is our only chance. He’s all alone. | 这是我们唯一的机会 他现在是一个人 |
[24:44] | Well, you’re a pretty girl. | 你是个美女 |
[24:45] | You know, I think you could probably get this guy to get interested in you. | 我想你能让这家伙迷上你 |
[24:49] | Don’t be silly. Particularly if he’s got a twisted mind. | 别傻了 特别是他心理不正常 |
[24:54] | Look, I can’t just go up to him and say, “Hi, how are you?” | 听着 我不能径直上去说”你好啊” |
[24:56] | I mean, what if he gets suspicious, or, you know, | 我是说 如果他起疑怎么办 |
[25:00] | if he gets put off, or… | 如果他无动于衷呢 或者… |
[25:02] | Drown. | 溺水 |
[25:04] | -What? -Drown! Drown! I’ll go get… I’ll go get… | -什么 -溺水 溺水 我去找… |
[25:06] | Listen to me! | 听我说 |
[25:08] | I’ll go get coffee. | 我去拿咖啡 |
[25:09] | Get a cramp, go in the water, flounder around, | 抽筋 到水里 挣扎一下 |
[25:12] | you know. Yes! | 对啦 |
[25:14] | Go ahead, sweetheart. That’s a great idea. | 去吧 甜心 这是个好主意 |
[25:17] | He’ll be obliged to save you that way. | 那样他不得不救你 |
[25:19] | And if he doesn’t… If, you know… Then I’ll notify your parents. | 如果他不管…我会通知你的父母的 |
[25:53] | Help! | 救命 |
[26:00] | Help! | 救命 |
[26:11] | It’s all right. Shh. | 没事的 |
[26:14] | It’s okay. There you go. | 没事了 好了 |
[26:17] | -Are you all right? -Okay. | -你没事吧 -没事 |
[26:19] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[26:20] | All right, here. Here we are. | 好吧 我们到了 |
[26:22] | -Here we are. You all right? -Thank you. | -好了 你没事吧 -谢谢 |
[26:24] | -You okay? -Yes, thank you very much. | -你没事吧 -没事 很感谢你 |
[26:27] | -Sorry. -It’s my pleasure. Here, let me help you out. | -对不起 -没什么 我帮你上去 |
[26:31] | I’m not a very good swimmer. | 我不大会游泳 |
[26:33] | It’s all right. | 没什么 |
[26:34] | My leg cramped. | 我的腿抽筋了 |
[26:35] | Your leg? Here, stretch it out. | 你的腿 伸直 |
[26:37] | -Oh. -That’s it. | -哦 -就这样 |
[26:38] | -Thank you. -No problem. | -谢谢 -没什么 |
[26:39] | Listen, you should always do a little stretching before you go in. | 你下水前应该做点准备活动 |
[26:42] | -You know, that way you won’t cramp. -Oh, thank you very much. | -那样就不会抽筋了 -非常感谢你 |
[26:44] | I haven’t been swimming in so long. | 我好长时间没有游过泳了 |
[26:48] | You’re a new face. | 你是新来的吧 |
[26:49] | Have you just become a member? | 你刚成为会员吗 |
[26:51] | Oh, no, I’m a guest of the Fultons. | 不 我是富尔顿家的客人 |
[26:53] | Oh, right, Jack Fulton. Yes, lovely chap. | 哦 杰克·富尔顿 很好的家伙 |
[26:56] | -I’m Peter Lyman, by the way. -Hi, Son… | -我叫彼得·莱曼 -你好 我叫桑… |
[26:59] | Sond… | 桑… |
[27:02] | Jade. | 贞德 |
[27:03] | Jade Spence. | 贞德·思朋斯 |
[27:05] | Jade Julliard Spence. | 贞德·朱莉亚·思朋斯 |
[27:07] | -That’s a very pretty name. -Thank you. | -很好听的名字 -谢谢 |
[27:10] | Yes, we’re the Spences of… Of Palm Beach. | 我们是棕榈滩的思朋斯家 |
[27:14] | Oh, not the same Spences who own the shipping line? | 不是那个搞航运的思朋斯家吧 |
[27:17] | No, no, no. | 不是 不是 |
[27:18] | My father’s into silver and gold | 我爸爸是开金银矿的 |
[27:22] | -and drilling. -Ah. | -以及钻孔 -啊 |
[27:24] | For wells. | 打井 |
[27:26] | What are you doing in London? | 你到伦敦来做什么 |
[27:28] | I’m here visiting friends in Holland Park. | 我来看望住在荷兰公园的朋友 |
[27:31] | Oh, good. What do you do, Jade? | 哦 不错 你是做什么的 贞德 |
[27:33] | Well, I am an actress. | 我是个演员 |
[27:36] | -Oh, really? -Mmm-hmm. | -真的 -嗯 |
[27:38] | Yes, actually I’m up for the part of Desiree | 实际上我会出演麦克·廷斯利的新片 |
[27:40] | in the new Mike Tinsley film. | 欲望中的角色 |
[27:42] | Oh, well, you’re certainly beautiful enough. | 哦 你当然足够漂亮了 |
[27:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:46] | Look, Jade, | 听着 贞德 |
[27:48] | if you’re not busy, | 如果你不忙 |
[27:49] | my father’s giving a garden party at the estate on Sunday | 我父亲星期天要在庄园 举行个花园派对 |
[27:52] | and I’d love you to come. | 我希望你能来 |
[27:53] | I’d be very happy to be your date and show you around. | 我将很乐意带你四处看看 |
[27:56] | The English countryside is very lovely this time of the year. | 这个时候英国乡村是很漂亮的 |
[27:59] | -Sounds fantastic. -Good. | -真不错 -好 |
[28:02] | Do you mind if I bring my father? | 我带我爸爸来你介意吗 |
[28:04] | Your father? | 你爸爸 |
[28:06] | Oh, look! There he is right now. | 哦 看 他就在那边 |
[28:08] | Ah. | 啊 |
[28:09] | I was in the lounge. I heard you drowning. | 我在休闲室 我听说你溺水 |
[28:11] | I finished my tea and scones and came immediately. | 我喝完茶吃完烤饼就马上跑过来了 |
[28:15] | Dad, this is Peter Lyman, | 爸爸 这是彼得·莱曼 |
[28:16] | who was nice enough to rescue me. | 他救了我 |
[28:18] | Dad? | 爸爸 |
[28:23] | Yes, of course, child! | 哦 当然啦 孩子 |
[28:25] | She cannot swim. The girl cannot swim. | 她不会游泳 这孩子不会游泳 |
[28:28] | Like a lead weight, she sinks to the bottom all the time. | 就像是铅块 她总是沉底 |
[28:32] | It’s a family trait. Lack of buoyancy, or… Her siblings have it as well. | 有点家庭遗传了 缺少浮力 她的兄弟姐妹都这样 |
[28:36] | Yes, well, listen, pleasure to meet you, Mr. Spence, right? | 很高兴见到你 是思朋斯先生吧 |
[28:38] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[28:40] | Yes, and I’ll see you on Sunday at the estate. | 星期天在庄园里见 |
[28:42] | Oh, great. Sunday? What’s Sunday? Not a fox hunt? | 星期天 去做什么 不会是打狐狸吧 |
[28:44] | No. No, Dad. I’ll explain it to you later. | 不是啦 爸爸 回头再给你解释 |
[28:48] | Listen, I’ll leave all the information at the desk, all right? | 我会把所有信息留在桌子上 好吧 |
[28:50] | Hey, come, child. | 来吧 孩子 |
[28:53] | What kind of idiot are you? Not a fox hunt? | 你算是哪种傻瓜 “不会是打狐狸吧” |
[28:56] | I’d like to talk to these people in their own terms. | 我喜欢用这些人的术语和他们说话 |
[28:59] | And, oh, thanks for telling him I’m your father. | 哦 谢谢你告诉他我是你爸爸 |
[29:02] | Oh, incidentally, he thinks my name is Jade Spence, | 哦 顺便说下 他认为我叫贞德·思朋斯 |
[29:05] | so that makes you Mr. Spence. | 所以你就是思朋斯先生 |
[29:06] | Wait a minute, l… This is too tricky. I don’t want to go ahead with this. | 等等 这太骗人了 我不想继续下去了 |
[29:10] | Why? What’s wrong with you? | 为什么 你是怎么了 |
[29:11] | Your whole life is deception. You’re a magician. | 你这辈子都在骗人 你是魔术师 |
[29:13] | Yes, I’m a magician and I want to stay a magician. | 我是魔术师 而且我只想当魔术师 |
[29:15] | Can I have a Coke please? | 我想喝杯可乐 |
[29:16] | I don’t want to get sued or deported | 我不想因为跟踪骚扰别人 |
[29:18] | or arrested for stalking somebody. | 惹上官司 被驱逐出境或者被逮捕 |
[29:21] | This is a big guy you’re dealing with. | 你要对付的是个大人物 |
[29:23] | This is a big story, no kidding. That’s what Joe Strombel said. | 这是个大新闻 不是闹着玩 这是乔·斯特劳博说的 |
[29:26] | That’s why he returned, you know. This is his last big scoop. | 他就是因为这个才回来的 这是他最后的独家新闻 |
[29:29] | Hey. What do I care about Joe Strombel? | 我管他乔·斯特劳博呢 |
[29:30] | Suddenly I’m taking direction from a hunk of ectoplasm? | 突然间我见要听从一个鬼魂的 |
[29:34] | This could be very big for my career. | 这是我事业上的大事 |
[29:36] | Your career’s fine. You’re on the college Bugle, or whatever it is. | 你的事业很不错 你在”先锋”学校 管它什么学校呢 |
[29:40] | You got years for scoops. | 你还有好多年能做独家新闻呢 |
[29:42] | You know what? Forget you, all right. | 你知道吗 你算了吧 |
[29:43] | I’ll do this on my own. I don’t need you. Go back to your card tricks. | 我自己干 不需要你 玩你的扑克牌把戏去吧 |
[29:46] | I didn’t say I wouldn’t help you. | 我没说我不帮你 |
[29:48] | You know, I just… It has to be done properly. | 我只是…这事要恰当的办 |
[29:51] | You know, we gotta put our heads together. | 我们得集思广益 |
[29:53] | If we put our heads together, you’ll hear a hollow noise. | 如果那样 你只会听到没用的噪音 |
[30:15] | Look at this place. All it’s missing is a moat. | 看看这地方 只缺条护城河了 |
[30:22] | Ooh! Hey, I could get used to this. | 哦 嘿 我能习惯这个 |
[30:25] | Look at this. | 看看这个 |
[30:29] | Oh, there he is. Remember, Jade Spence. | 他来了 记住 我叫贞德·思朋斯 |
[30:32] | Jade… Jade, who? | 贞德…什么来着 |
[30:36] | -Ah. -There you are. | -啊 -你们来啦 |
[30:38] | -Hello. -How are you? Welcome, Mr. Spence and Jade. | -你好啊 -你好啊 欢迎 思朋斯先生 贞德 |
[30:40] | Mr. Spence. | 思朋斯先生 |
[30:42] | -You look stunning. Stunning. -Oh, thank you. It’s beautiful here. | -您看上去好极了 -谢谢 这很漂亮 |
[30:45] | Thank you. Thank you. Yes. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[30:46] | It’s been in the family for years. About 400 years. | 这座庄园我家拥有400年了 |
[30:49] | It’s a little stuffy for my taste, but… Oh. | 对我来说有点乏味 但… |
[30:51] | She said, “All that’s missing is a moat.” | 她说”这只缺护城河了” |
[30:53] | -Right. -I love that. I love the moat line. | -对 -我喜欢 我喜欢护城河 |
[30:56] | “All that’s missing is a moat.” Beautiful. | “这只缺护城河了” 太好了 |
[30:58] | Ah, this is my father. | 啊 这是我父亲 |
[31:00] | Father, Stephen Lyman, this is… These are my friends from America | 我父亲 斯蒂芬·莱曼 这是我的美国朋友 |
[31:02] | -I was telling you about. -Oh, Lord Lyman. | -我和你说过的 -哦 莱曼勋爵 |
[31:03] | Jade Spence, Mr. Spence. | 贞德·思朋斯 还有思朋斯先生 |
[31:05] | -How are you? -Hello. | -你好 -你好 |
[31:06] | -Curtsey, curtsey, curtsey. -I’ve never met a Lord before. | -屈膝礼…屈膝礼…-我从没见过勋爵 |
[31:10] | How exciting! | 真激动啊 |
[31:11] | No, but there was that Earl that we… There was that Earl. | 不 有位伯爵我们见过… |
[31:14] | I do hope you’re enjoying yourself. | 我衷心希望你们能玩得愉快 |
[31:15] | Peter, why don’t you show them around? | 彼得 何不带他们四处走走 |
[31:17] | Absolutely. Would you like that? | 当然 要走走吗 |
[31:19] | Oh, it… Charmed, I’m sure. | 哦 很好啊 |
[31:21] | Should we hit the buffet table first though? | 我们是不是该先吃点东西 |
[31:24] | -No, Dad. -Because the stuff looks great. | -不 爸爸 -因为那些吃的看着不错 |
[31:25] | Remember, we wanted to look around. | 还记得吗 我们要四处看看的 |
[31:27] | Yes, of course, of course, blessed offspring. | 当然 当然 听女儿的 |
[31:28] | Why don’t we get a drink and then we’ll start inside? | 我们何不喝点什么 然后从里面开始呢 |
[31:31] | -Oh, okay. -Come. | -哦 好啊 -来 |
[31:37] | Yes, I love this room here. We often spend evenings in here. | 我喜欢这间屋子 我们晚上经常待在这 |
[31:40] | The English countryside! | 英国的乡村 |
[31:42] | It’s elegant, yet understated. I like that. | 很雅致 而且朴素 我喜欢 |
[31:45] | You’ve done wonders with the place. | 你一定花了不少功夫在这房间吧 |
[31:47] | It brings to mind Trollope. | 让我想起了特洛罗普 |
[31:49] | Oh, do you enjoy reading Trollope, too? | 哦 你也喜欢读特洛罗普的书 |
[31:50] | No, no, not the author. This was a girl I knew. | 不不 不是那个作家 我说的是我认识的一个女孩 |
[31:53] | Well, come. Let’s go upstairs and have a look at the view. | 我们上楼看看风景吧 |
[31:56] | Oh. | 哦 |
[31:57] | Would you quit fooling around! What’s wrong with you? | 不要再犯傻了好不好 你到底怎么了 |
[32:00] | Try to pick up clues, try to remember things. I’m charming him. | 我在发掘线索 记住事情 我在对他施魔法 |
[32:02] | I remember. I got a mnemonic system that I use. | 我在记 我有个记忆系统 |
[32:05] | -I use images, it’s a trick. -Uh-huh, yeah. | -我利用图像 这是个窍门 -嗯嗯 是的 |
[32:07] | Say I want to remember this ashtray. | 比如我要记住这个烟灰缸 |
[32:09] | I think of, like, 50 ashtrays dancing | 我就想成50个烟灰缸 |
[32:11] | on a desert island in hula skirts or something | 在荒岛上跳草裙舞 |
[32:13] | and then I remember. I can call it to mind whenever l… | 然后我就记住了 随时能想起来 |
[32:15] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[32:17] | This is one of the drawing rooms. | 这是画室之一 |
[32:19] | Wow, this is really beautiful, isn’t it? | 喔 真漂亮啊 是不是 |
[32:21] | Oh, here we have… This is my great-grandfather. | 哦 这是…我的曾祖父 |
[32:24] | There’s grandfather and his wife, Lady Hayden. | 这是祖父 还有他的妻子 海登女士 |
[32:27] | Reminds me of the portrait of Aunt Hillary in the library, no? | 让我想起了图书馆的希拉里阿姨的画像 |
[32:30] | Game woman, Hillary. Suffragette, I believe. Yeah. Diphtheria took her. | 勇敢的女人 希拉里 妇女参政权论者 死于白喉 |
[32:35] | Or perhaps it was elm blight. | 也许是榆树病 |
[32:38] | Come on, Dad. | 好啦 爸爸 |
[32:40] | Oh, this is just beautiful. Wow. | 哦 这可真漂亮 |
[32:42] | Yes. I love the lake. Do either of you fish? | 嗯 我喜欢这湖 你们会钓鱼吗 |
[32:45] | -No, no, never have. -Oh, I’ll have to teach you. | -不 从来没钓过 -我来教教你 |
[32:47] | I’ve taken some salmon, you know. Organic. | 我钓到过大马哈鱼 |
[32:50] | Yes, me, too. I fly fish a little. But… | 我也是 我有时飞鱼 但… |
[32:53] | So, Jade, do you enjoy concerts? | 贞德 你喜欢音乐会吗 |
[32:55] | I’m very big on the Philharmonic. | 我可是个交响音乐会爱好者 |
[32:56] | We sponsor, in fact. | 实际上 我们在赞助 |
[32:58] | I used to play the violin, very, very badly. | 我以前拉小提琴 拉得很不好 |
[33:00] | But I have a number of… Well, actually quite a large musical collection. | 但我收藏了不少乐器 |
[33:05] | Do you play an instrument, either of you? | 你们有谁弹奏乐器吗 |
[33:07] | Because we have these lovely music gatherings. | 因为我们收藏了很多音乐 |
[33:08] | I do. Yes, I play the… | 是的 我弹奏… |
[33:11] | Various classics, you know, Noel Coward and Shakespeare and… | 各种古典音乐 诺维·考沃还有莎士比亚… |
[33:14] | Right. We gave her piano lessons when she was a little girl, | 嗯 她小时候 我们给她上过钢琴课 |
[33:18] | but her fingers were just too stubby. So… | 但她的手指太短粗了 所以… |
[33:21] | Yes, what about you, Mr. Spence? | 你呢 思朋斯先生 |
[33:23] | Well, I play the blues harp. | 我吹口琴 |
[33:25] | It’s a little metal thing you put in your mouth | 是小的金属做的乐器 你放进嘴里 |
[33:27] | and makes a twanging sound. Very musical. Yes, yes. | -发出像拨弦的声音 很好听 -嗯 |
[33:30] | Used to be called the Jew’s harp, but you know how those people are. | 以前叫犹太人口琴 你知道那些人什么样 |
[33:33] | The slightest hint of anti-Semitism and they write letters. | 有点反犹太主义 他们写信抗议 |
[33:36] | I would love it if you could teach me how to fly fish. That would be great. | 我想你教教我钓鱼 |
[33:39] | Oh, it would be my pleasure. | 我很愿意 |
[33:42] | Okay, I want you to watch me very closely. Pay very strict attention here. | 我要你仔细看好了 仔细看好 |
[33:45] | Now I want you to take a card. | 现在我要你抽一张牌 |
[33:47] | Take any card you like. You got it? | 随便哪一张都行 明白吗 |
[33:48] | -Go ahead, sweetheart. Take it. You got it? -Mmm-hmm. | -抽吧 甜心 好了 -嗯 |
[33:50] | Now put it in your pocketbook. Put the card… | 把牌放进你的手提袋 |
[33:52] | She’s gonna put the card in her pocketbook. | 她要把牌放进手提袋里 |
[33:53] | You got it? All right, now tell everybody what the card was. | 现在告诉大家那张牌是什么 |
[33:55] | -It was the six of hearts. -Six of hearts. | -是红心6 -红心6 |
[33:57] | Can I ask you a question? | 我能问个问题吗 |
[33:58] | Was it this six of hearts? | 是这张红心6吗 |
[34:01] | But I just put that in my bag. | 但我刚刚放进包里啊 |
[34:02] | Well, check your card. Check your card. | 看看你的牌 |
[34:05] | It’s amazing! | 太神奇了 |
[34:07] | You’re a wonderful sport, Claire. | 谢谢你的配合 克莱尔 |
[34:08] | I mean that sincerely. God bless you. | 真诚地感谢你 上帝保佑你 |
[34:10] | You’re a very sweet woman, and this has been a great group. | 你是非常可爱的女人 大家是非常伟大的团体 |
[34:13] | From the bottom of my heart, I say this with all due respect. | 我是发自内心说这些话的 |
[34:16] | You’re a wonderful… A credit to your race | 你很棒 你是人类的骄傲 |
[34:18] | and a magnificent group of people. | 大家是个优秀的团体 |
[34:20] | You know, I must find out who does the hedges here. | 我想知道这些篱笆是谁修剪的 |
[34:22] | Back home, my topiary moose | 在我家 我用灌木修剪的鹿 |
[34:24] | is starting to look a little shabby around the antlers. | 鹿角有点破损了 |
[34:26] | What do you do, Mr. Spence? | 你是干什么的 思朋斯先生 |
[34:28] | Me? I’m in real estate. | 我 我搞房地产 |
[34:31] | I’m sorry, I’m in oil! I’m in oil. | 抱歉 是石油生意 |
[34:32] | I was in real estate, | 以前搞房地产 |
[34:34] | but, you know, land is so difficult to come by now, especially outdoors. | 但现在土地很难获得了 尤其是野外的 |
[34:39] | It’s become a problem. | 这是个问题 |
[34:40] | Incidentally, I accept your invitation. | 顺便说下 我接受您的邀请 |
[34:43] | I will play poker this weekend. | 这周末我会来打扑克的 |
[34:45] | Now that I’ve seen how good you are at cards, can we trust you? | 既然我已经见识过你的身手 我们能相信你吗 |
[34:52] | Tell me about yourself, Peter. This is all so new to me. | 说说你自己吧 彼得 这对我太新鲜了 |
[34:54] | Well, what would you like to know? | 你想知道什么呢 |
[34:56] | Well, I don’t know. Anything you’d care to reveal. | 不知道 随便说说吧 |
[35:00] | You know, your hopes, your dreams. | 比如你的愿望啦 你的梦想啦 |
[35:04] | Well, I come from a privileged family, as I’m sure you can tell. | 我生在贵族家庭 你肯定看得出来 |
[35:08] | It was always decided one day I would enter politics. | 进入政界是板上钉钉的了 |
[35:11] | My hobbies are polo and… Oh, I own some racehorses. | 我喜欢马球 我有好几匹赛马 |
[35:15] | -Hmm. -So, how’s that for a start? | -嗯 -这样开始怎么样 |
[35:18] | And what are your hopes and dreams? | 你的希望和梦想是什么 |
[35:21] | I like to dance and visit museums | 我喜欢跳舞 参观博物馆 |
[35:25] | -and, oh, I can cook Chinese food. -Ah. | -我还会做中国菜 -啊 |
[35:27] | If you know any good Chinese restaurants… | 如果你知道好的中国餐馆… |
[35:31] | Oh, I’ve gotten very interested in New Age phenomena recently. | 我最近对新世纪现象比较感兴趣 |
[35:36] | Like what? | 比如什么 |
[35:38] | You know, mystical things like | 神秘的事情 |
[35:42] | -astrology and crystals and Tarot. -Mmm-hmm. | -比如占星术 水晶 还有塔罗牌 -嗯 |
[35:47] | Do you know anything about Tarot cards? | 你了解占卜的塔罗牌吗 |
[35:50] | Not really. I’m more scientific-minded. | 不太了解 我更相信科学 |
[35:52] | I find that if… | 我发现… |
[35:55] | What are you staring at? | 你在看什么 |
[35:58] | Hmm? Oh. | 嗯 哦 |
[36:00] | You have wonderful enamel. | 你牙齿上的珐琅质很好看 |
[36:02] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[36:05] | You know, I’d love to take you dancing one night. I’m a good dancer. | 我想哪天晚上请你跳舞 我跳得不错 |
[36:08] | Oh, I would love that. That would be great. | 很好啊 那会很棒 |
[36:10] | Can I confess something? | 我能坦白一件事吗 |
[36:12] | Sure. | 当然 |
[36:13] | I just love an American accent, | 我喜欢上美国口音了 |
[36:14] | and I find much of what you say very amusing. | 我发现你说的话很有趣 |
[36:17] | Oh. | 哦 |
[36:18] | I’ll take that as a compliment. | 我就把这话当成赞美了 |
[36:20] | And since you like Chinese food, | 既然你喜欢中国菜 |
[36:22] | I’m gonna have my new secretary | 我让我的新秘书 |
[36:23] | send you a list of the great ones in town. | 给你一份城里高级中餐厅的名单 |
[36:26] | -Oh, you have a new secretary? -Oh, yes. | -你有新秘书 -哦 是的 |
[36:28] | Yes, I’m breaking in someone new. | 我雇了一个新的 |
[36:31] | My previous secretary died, a young woman, just very suddenly of a blood clot. | 以前的秘书死了 她还很年轻 死于急性血栓 |
[36:35] | It was awful. | 真可怕 |
[36:37] | Did they do an autopsy? | 他们验尸了吗 |
[36:40] | How did we get on to this morbid subject? | 我们干吗说这个可怕的事情 |
[36:42] | So, you’ve never seen a real English garden before? | 你从没见过真正的英国花园吧 |
[36:44] | Come. I have a couple of treasures. | 来 我有一些宝贝 |
[37:11] | -Would I offend you if I told you something? -Probably not. | -我说一件事不会冒犯你吧 -不会吧 |
[37:15] | You’re very… Very different from the women I usually meet. | 你很…你和我以前见过的女人很不同 |
[37:19] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[37:21] | That’s a good thing. | 是好事 |
[37:22] | Well, I just can’t seem to get the vision of you in your swimsuit out of my mind. | 我没法从脑海里抹掉你穿泳装的样子 |
[37:25] | Oh, I’m glad you liked it. | 很高兴你喜欢 |
[37:27] | It was marked down. | 被记下了 |
[37:28] | See, that… Now that’s exactly what I mean. | 这就是我的意思 |
[37:31] | You just have this very direct and informal way about you. | 你有直接和放松的一面 |
[37:34] | -It’s… You take after your father. -Mmm-hmm. Great. | -你照顾你父亲 -嗯 对 |
[37:37] | And you have a very sensual quality. | 你外表很迷人 |
[37:41] | It’s… But I’m sure you’ve been told that. | 我肯定别人对你说过这些 |
[37:43] | Wow. You work really fast. | 喔 你进行得太快了 |
[37:45] | Oh, God. Am l overbearingly aggressive? I’ll stop. | 天啊 我是不是太冒犯了 我不会这样了 |
[37:48] | Oh, no, don’t! | 不 不要 |
[37:49] | You just were getting warmed up. | 你刚才是热身 |
[37:51] | Are you romantic by nature? | 你是不是天生浪漫 |
[37:53] | I mean, I won’t say, “Do you believe in love at first sight?” | 我不会说”你是否相信一见钟情 “ |
[37:55] | because that’s a cliché but… | 因为那是陈词滥调 但是… |
[37:58] | Have you ever had an experience | 你有没有经历过 |
[38:01] | where a bell goes off just right away? | 一下子记起什么的感觉 |
[38:03] | Sorry. I need those. | 抱歉 我需要这个 |
[38:06] | You see, I can’t wear contacts. | 我不戴隐形眼镜 |
[38:07] | I don’t like to put my finger on my eyeball. | 因为我不喜欢把手指放在眼球上面 |
[38:18] | Well, goodbye. We must meet for tea and crumpets again. | 再见 我们回头还要一起喝茶吃点心 |
[38:22] | We really must. | 一定 |
[38:23] | Ta-ta! | 再见 |
[38:25] | I could have strangled you if you didn’t shut up! | 你如果还没闭上嘴我可能就掐死你了 |
[38:27] | And stop telling people I sprang from your loins. | 还有别再说我是你生的 |
[38:30] | I’m trying to cement the fact that I’m your father! | 我在巩固我是你爸爸这个事实 |
[38:33] | That guy was so fantastic. I can’t imagine he’d do anything bad. | 这家伙真好 很难想象他会做坏事 |
[38:35] | This guy is not a serial killer, believe me. | 这家伙不是连环杀手 相信我 |
[38:38] | I’d be very surprised if he even killed one person. | 他杀死一个人我都会感到很奇怪 |
[38:42] | He asked me to go dancing next week. | 他邀请我下周跳舞 |
[38:44] | That’s a perfect strategy! You worm your way in like a rodent or a roach | 步步深入真是个完美的策略 |
[38:48] | and as the crumbs fall off the table, | 一旦发现蛛丝马迹 |
[38:50] | -you collect them and we analyze them. Aha! Voilà! -Thanks. Thanks a lot. | -你收集起来然后我们分析 哈 -谢谢 非常感谢 |
[38:53] | Look at this. Look at this. Look what I got. “Betty G.” | 看看这个 看我得到了什么 “贝蒂·G” |
[38:56] | -Yeah. -What is this? | -嗯 -这是什么 |
[38:58] | It’s a doodle. He doodled it! | 这是涂鸦 他随便画的 |
[39:00] | How do you know he doodled it? How do you know this is his? | 你怎么知道是他画的 |
[39:02] | What do you mean, how do I know it’s his? | 你什么意思 |
[39:03] | I stole it out of his overnight bag. | 我从他旅行包里偷出来的 |
[39:05] | What the hell is wrong with you, Sidney? | 你到底是怎么了 西德尼 |
[39:07] | -It’s a clue! -It’s not a clue. | -这是个线索 -这不是线索 |
[39:08] | -We’re hard up for clues. -It’s not a clue. | -我们奇缺线索 -这不是线索 |
[39:09] | What does it mean? It could be his aunt, it could be his travel agent. | 这能说明什么 有可能是他阿姨 可能是旅游代理 |
[39:12] | -I’m late for dinner. You want to come in and eat something? -No. | -我吃饭晚了 你要进来吃点什么吗 -不了 |
[39:15] | No, thank you. | 不了 谢谢 |
[39:22] | Take a seat right over there. | 坐在那吧 |
[39:29] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[39:31] | Peter called. He’s going to be late. He said to start without him. | 彼得打电话说他晚点来 让我们先开始 |
[39:34] | Oh, well, come on then, let’s play. That’s what we’re here for. | 那我们就开始吧 我们就是来打牌的 |
[39:39] | Okay. | 好 |
[39:41] | Come on, short, little guy. | 快点 小矮人 |
[39:44] | You’re out? This is it? | 你不跟了 是这样吗 |
[39:46] | Anybody else? | 还有人跟吗 |
[39:47] | You’re still in? | 你还跟 |
[39:49] | So sorry, old chaps. I was completely bogged down at the office. | 很对不起 我办公室有事 |
[39:52] | Okay. | 没什么 |
[39:53] | All right, who’s winning? | 好 谁赢了 |
[39:54] | Mr. Spence is a good poker player, Peter. | 思朋斯先生可是个好手 彼得 |
[39:56] | Yes, I might have known. | 我也许知道 |
[39:58] | Actually, I bought my first Reuben’s with poker winnings. | 我第一个鲁宾的东西 就是用打牌赢的钱买的 |
[40:02] | You bought a Rubens painting? | 你买过鲁宾斯的画 |
[40:05] | Not a painting. A sandwich. | 不是画 是三明治 |
[40:08] | I could use a drink. | 我想喝点东西 |
[40:10] | He asked me if I believed in love at first sight. | 他问我是否相信一见钟情 |
[40:12] | How sweet is that? So naive. | 真甜蜜啊 真天真啊 |
[40:14] | Well, I hope you told him yes. | 我希望你回答的是 |
[40:16] | I told him we had nothing in common. | 我告诉他我们没有共同点 |
[40:17] | We come from completely different backgrounds. | 我们的背景完全不同 |
[40:20] | I think he likes that or something. | 我想他喜欢这样 |
[40:21] | But what about the story you’re writing on him? What is that all about? | 但是关于他的新闻怎么办 写什么呢 |
[40:28] | Sondra? | 桑德拉 |
[40:35] | “Mary Thompson, a short-haired brunette, | “玛丽·汤普森 黑色短发女人 |
[40:38] | “was strangled at Falconberg Place last night at 9:30.” | 昨晚9:30在凡尔柯博地区被掐死” |
[40:42] | “Next to the body of the short-haired brunette prostitute, | “在这个黑色短发妓女尸体旁边 |
[40:45] | “was the hangman card from the Tarot deck.” | 有塔罗牌中刽子手那张牌” |
[40:49] | Hey, what time did you say Peter arrived at the poker game last night? | 彼得昨晚去打牌时候是几点 |
[40:52] | If you’re asking me, did he have time to strangle somebody | 如果你问我他是否有足够的时间 |
[40:56] | and make the card game, yes, he had plenty of time. | 掐死一个人之后再去打牌 答案是肯定的 |
[40:59] | I got to let my feelings subside | 我不能混进我的感情 |
[41:02] | and probe deeper into this case. | 我要深究这个案子 |
[41:04] | What does that mean? | 那说明什么 |
[41:06] | Well, it means that we know where his family lives, | 那说明我们知道他的家庭住址 |
[41:08] | we know his social circle, | 知道他的交际圈 |
[41:09] | but we don’t know what his house looks like. I want to get a look at that. | 但我们不知道他房间什么样子 我要去看一看 |
[41:19] | Here we are. | 我们到了 |
[41:23] | -Wow. This is really nice. -Thank you. Yes. | -喔 真漂亮 -谢谢 是的 |
[41:27] | Do you do a lot of entertaining? | 你有很多娱乐活动吗 |
[41:29] | I’m embarrassed to say that I do. | 很不好意思地说 是的 |
[41:31] | You must think I’m an empty socialite. Much of it’s political. | 你一定以为我是空虚的社会名流 只关心政治 |
[41:34] | Oh, no. I think you’re swell. | 不 我觉得你很会社交 |
[41:40] | That’s a lovely painting. | 这画真漂亮 |
[41:42] | Oh, I recognize that from my art history books. | 我从我的艺术史课本上认出来的 |
[41:46] | Oh, really? Yes. Henry Moore. | 真的 对 雕塑家亨利·摩尔 |
[41:47] | In fact, it was a present from Henry Moore to my father. | 实际上 这是他送给我父亲的礼物 |
[41:51] | Oh, it’s very beautiful. Is it Roman, or Greek, or something like that? | 很漂亮 是古罗马的还是古希腊的 |
[41:55] | It’s Roman, in fact. Second century A.D. | 古罗马的 公元2世纪 |
[41:59] | You have good taste. | 你的品味不错 |
[42:01] | I think you’ll like what’s downstairs. | 我想你会喜欢楼下的收藏的 |
[42:02] | -The real treasures. Come. -Oh. | -真正的宝藏 来吧 -哦 |
[42:25] | Here we are. | 我们到了 |
[42:27] | Oh. | 哦 |
[42:28] | These are all of my instruments. The room is climate controlled, it’s | 这是我所有的乐器 这房间是”气候控制”的 |
[42:33] | to protect all these beautiful pieces. | 以便保护这些美丽的乐器 |
[42:36] | -It’s fantastic. Thank you. -Thank you. | -真棒啊 -谢谢 |
[42:38] | Yes, my family’s been collecting it for years. | 我父亲收集了很多年 |
[42:40] | This is a Guarneri. | 这是瓜奈里家族出的 |
[42:41] | And a Stradivarius. You may have heard of them. | 这是斯特拉迪瓦里家的 你也许听说过 |
[42:44] | -Oh, you play these violins? -Oh, me? God, no. No, no. | -你弹奏这些小提琴 -哦 我 天啊 不不 |
[42:46] | But we lend them out. They need to be played. | 但我们把它们借出去 需要有人用它们演奏 |
[42:52] | All these old instruments, it’s very romantic. | 这些古老的乐器 很浪漫 |
[43:00] | -Shall I show you upstairs? -Okay. | -我带你上楼吧 -好吧 |
[43:10] | What’s your name, sweetheart? Tell me your name. | 你叫什么名字 甜心 告诉我你的名字 |
[43:12] | I’m Wendy Beamish. | 我叫温迪·毕米希 |
[43:14] | Wendy… Let’s hear it for Wendy Beamish. | 温迪 鼓励一下温迪 |
[43:17] | Fantastic. I love you, Wendy. I really do. | 好极了 我喜欢你 温迪 真的 |
[43:20] | Is it your first time on stage? Yes. Yes. | -这是你第一次上舞台吗 -是的 |
[43:22] | I love this woman from the bottom of my heart. I mean that sincerely. | 我从心底喜欢这个女人 |
[43:25] | You’re an incredible woman and I say that with all due respect, Wendy. | 你是了不起的女人 我这样说是发自内心的 |
[43:30] | -Wendy, have you ever been dematerialized before? -No, I haven’t. | -温迪 你以前被”消失”过吗 -不 没有 |
[43:32] | -Ever had your molecules broken up? -No, no, I’ve haven’t. | -你的分子有没有分解过 -不不 没有 |
[43:35] | She’s nervous. Don’t be nervous, sweetheart. | 她有点紧张 不要紧张 甜心 |
[43:38] | This is not gonna hurt much. | 不会疼的 |
[43:39] | Get into the box. Get into the dematerializer. | 进入盒子里吧 进入物质消失机 |
[43:42] | -Are you in there? You comfortable? -I’m fine. | -在里面吗 舒服吗 -我很好 |
[43:44] | Okay, okay, stay calm. Stay calm. | 好的 好的 保持冷静 |
[43:47] | Can you hear me, Wendy? You feel the molecules evaporating? | 听得见我吗 温迪 有没有觉得分子在蒸发 |
[43:51] | Let me hear from you, honey! | 让我听见你的声音 亲爱的 |
[44:00] | Remember these numbers. 16, 21, 12. What? | -记住这些号码 16 21 12 -什么 |
[44:02] | 16 21 12 16, 21, 12. | |
[44:04] | 16 21 12 16, 21, 12. | |
[44:11] | Sixteen, 16 blue horses. | 16 16匹蓝马 |
[44:13] | Twenty-one jet planes. | 21架喷气飞机 |
[44:16] | And 12 midgets. 12 spinning midgets. | 12个小矮人 12个旋转的小矮人 |
[44:23] | That was as great as I imagined it would be. | 和我想象的一样 |
[44:26] | You look beautiful. | 你很美 |
[44:28] | And pensive. | 而且有思想 |
[44:30] | No, not pensive. | 不 不是有思想 |
[44:32] | Just confused. | 只是迷惑 |
[44:34] | Women after lovemaking, it’s always so complicated. | 女人做爱后总是很复杂 |
[44:38] | -Hey, I love your aftershave. What is it? -It’s Yardley. | -我喜欢你的须后水 什么牌子 -雅德莉牌 |
[44:41] | I first used it when I was 16 and never changed. I’m a very loyal soul. | 我从16岁开始用 从没换过 我可很常情 |
[44:45] | Come here. Do you have to put them on? | 过来 非要戴上不可吗 |
[44:47] | Well, they’re quite sexy. God, what makes you smell so sweet? | 很性感 天啊 什么让你闻起来这么香 |
[44:50] | Oh, you like it? | 哦 你喜欢 |
[44:52] | Just some fragrance. | 只是一点香味 |
[44:54] | Right. | 好啦 |
[44:56] | -Where are you going? -I have an idea. | -你要去哪 -我有个主意 |
[45:00] | I think it’s time to celebrate with some champagne. | 我想现在是用香槟庆祝的时候了 |
[45:05] | I want you to stay. I make a mean scrambled egg. | 我要你留下来 我去做个炒蛋 |
[45:09] | Stay. | 待在这 |
[46:06] | That’s my mother. | 那是我母亲 |
[46:08] | Oh, she’s very attractive. | 哦 她很迷人 |
[46:12] | Yes, she was very beautiful, but quite difficult. | 她很美丽 但是很难相处 |
[46:16] | Difficult? How? | 难相处 怎么 |
[46:19] | Unfaithful. | 不忠 |
[46:20] | Say, can you please stay? Nothing would please me more. Come on. | 你今晚能留下来吗 没什么能让我更高兴了 留下来吧 |
[46:25] | -I really can’t. -Oh, why not? | -真的不行 -哦 为什么 |
[46:27] | My father. He’s feeling not that great. | 我爸爸 他不太舒服 |
[46:31] | -Nothing serious? -No, no, nothing. | -不严重吧 -不不 没什么 |
[46:34] | Just a tooth problem. | 牙齿问题 |
[46:36] | You know, a little sensitivity in lower seven. | 下面第七颗牙太敏感 |
[46:38] | I really should go. | 我真的要走了 |
[46:46] | Oh. So, let me get back to the story. | 让我接着讲这个故事 |
[46:49] | I’m on stage. I’m doing the dematerializer trick | 我在台上 变那个物质消失的戏法 |
[46:53] | with this chick from Manchester. | 台上的是从曼彻斯特来的小妞 |
[46:56] | I don’t know where they get these people, | 我不知道他们从哪找来这些人 |
[46:58] | but she looked like Sitting Bull. | 但她看着就像印第安首领坐牛 |
[47:00] | And I got her in the thing, and I vanish her | 我把她放进去 让她消失 |
[47:03] | and everything goes according to plan exactly and she’s gone. | 这些都是按计划进行的 她不见了 |
[47:07] | -And suddenly, Strombel appears. -What? | -突然 斯特劳博出现了 -什么 |
[47:10] | Yes, Strombel’s in there! I got a tremendous hand from the audience. | 是的 斯特劳博出来了 观众看到后报以热烈的掌声 |
[47:13] | I wish I could do it every night! | 我希望每晚都能这样表演一次 |
[47:15] | What did he say? | 他说什么 |
[47:16] | He gave me the combination to a safe. | 他给我一串保险箱密码 |
[47:20] | What safe, I have no idea. | 什么保险箱 我也不知道 |
[47:22] | I didn’t see any safe. | 我没看到任何保险箱 |
[47:25] | Well, did you accomplish anything besides maybe a possible pregnancy? | 除了可能性的怀孕 你还做成过别的什么事吗 |
[47:30] | I’ll tell you what I did see. | 我告诉你我看见了什么 |
[47:31] | His mother, Lady Eleanor, has short-cut, brunette hair. | 他的母亲 埃莉诺女士 就是留着黑色短发 |
[47:35] | Yeah, but not a hooker? | 是的 但不是妓女吧 |
[47:39] | No, Sidney, she’s not a hooker! | 不 她不是 |
[47:41] | I hardly think so. She’s practically royalty. | 我不相信 她应该很忠诚 |
[47:44] | Christ, you amaze me sometimes. Your brain! | 天啊 你有时真让我吃惊 你的大脑 |
[47:46] | Back off. You know, you’re getting so upset. | 别这样 你越来越心烦 |
[47:50] | I’m just trying to figure out the various ramifications. | 我只是试图理出头绪 |
[47:54] | I just don’t like this whole thing! | 我不喜欢这整件事 |
[47:55] | I feel disgusting, all right, it’s awful. | 我觉得恶心 很可怕 |
[47:57] | I don’t like the whole process. | 我不喜欢这整个过程 |
[47:59] | Yeah, you want to think he’s innocent. | 嗯 你想认为他是清白的 |
[48:00] | What’s so bad about that, huh? | 那有什么不好的 |
[48:02] | Jesus, this guy must be some lover, you know. | 天啊 这家伙肯定迷住你了 |
[48:04] | I mean, all of a sudden you’re ready to dump the whole story. | 我是说 突然间你打算放弃整个新闻 |
[48:07] | I must find out what breakfast cereal he eats. | 我必须弄清楚他早餐吃什么麦片 |
[48:11] | What am I talking about? There’s a combination on the door | 我在说什么 他有一扇有密码的门 |
[48:13] | where he keeps his precious musical instruments. | 那里他存放着他珍贵的乐器 |
[48:16] | Okay, so there is a combination! | 好 那是有密码的 |
[48:18] | I just got to get in that room. | 我需要进到那房间里去 |
[48:20] | Do you have the combination? | 你有密码吗 |
[48:21] | We’re not gonna break into his room if that’s what you’re thinking. | 我们不能闯进去的 如果这就是你所想的 |
[48:23] | -You gotta have the com… I got to get in there. -No, no. | -你有密码 我要进去 -不不 |
[48:26] | No, no, we’re not going to do this because it’s not legal… You… | 不 我们不能这样做 那样是犯法的 |
[48:29] | Sondra, what’s wrong with you? | 桑德拉 你到底怎么回事 |
[48:30] | This guy is the son of a Lord! | 这家伙是勋爵的儿子 |
[48:32] | They’ll take us to the Tower of London and behead us! | 他们会把我们带到伦敦塔上斩首的 |
[48:39] | -Hi. -Guess what? | -嗨 -你猜怎样 |
[48:41] | -What? -Peter Lyman sent you flowers. | -怎么 -彼得·莱曼给你送花来了 |
[48:43] | I assume your name is Jade Spence? | 我猜你就是贞德·思朋斯吧 |
[48:46] | Naturally I accepted for you. | 当然我帮你收下了 |
[48:48] | Yeah, I’m Jade Spence. | 是的 我就是贞德·思朋斯 |
[48:49] | -What is going on? -Oh, Vivian… | -进行得怎样了 -哦 薇薇安… |
[48:53] | Oh, | 哦 |
[48:55] | Peter’s giving a party on Saturday and he wants me to come. | 彼得周六举行派对 他要我参加 |
[48:58] | I… Oh, I guess I’ll have to buy a dress. | 我…我猜我得去买件礼服了 |
[49:01] | Well, he certainly seems smitten with you. | 他肯定是迷上你了 |
[49:02] | If he’s smitten with anyone, it’s Jade Spence. | 如果他迷上了谁 肯定是贞德·思朋斯 |
[49:05] | Who is Jade Spence? | 贞德·思朋斯是谁 |
[49:06] | A would-be investigative reporter | 未来的调查记者 |
[49:08] | who’s falling in love with the object of her investigation. | 她爱上她的调查对象 |
[49:21] | Of course we did. Absolutely. | 当然 没错 |
[49:22] | God bless you, sir. I’m going to show you a little thing. | 上帝保佑你 我给你看件小东西 |
[49:24] | I want you to think of a card. Just think of one of those cards. | 我要你想一张牌 想这里面的一张 |
[49:27] | Any one you want. You got it? | 随便哪张都行 想好了吗 |
[49:28] | All right, now, are you happening to be thinking of the seven of spades? | 好了 现在你想的是黑桃7吧 |
[49:32] | That’s amazing! How do you do that? | 太神奇了 你怎样做到的 |
[49:34] | Just a little hobby of mine. | 一点小小的业余爱好而已 |
[49:36] | You know, I wish I had more time to practice, | 你希望我有更多的时间练习 |
[49:38] | but, what with my oil wells, you know, I never get around to it. | 但是 我有油井要管理 所以我从来没有时间 |
[49:41] | Your daughter’s very beautiful. | 您的女儿很漂亮 |
[49:42] | -You met my daughter? -Yes. | -您见过我女儿了 -是的 |
[49:44] | Yes, we’re very proud of her. | 我们为她骄傲 |
[49:45] | She’s a lovely girl. Overcame a great handicap. | 她是个很棒的女孩 克服了自身的残疾 |
[49:47] | Yeah. You know, she was learning disabled. | 她有学习障碍 |
[49:50] | Her mother and I took her to many specialists, you know. | 我和她妈妈带她看了好多专家 |
[49:52] | Now she’s practically normal, you know. | 现在她基本上正常了 |
[49:54] | She’s a charmer. | 她是个可人 |
[49:55] | -God bless you, sweetheart. What is your sign? -I’m an Aquarian. | -上帝保佑你 甜心 你是哪个星座的 -水瓶座的 |
[49:58] | You’re Aquarian? And what is your persuasion? | 你是水瓶座 你的信条是什么 |
[50:01] | -Do you mean my religion? -Yeah, your persuasion. | -你是说宗教信仰 -对 你的信条 |
[50:03] | I’m a Christian. What are you? Yes, are you? | 我是基督徒 你呢 你也是吗 |
[50:05] | Me, I was born into the Hebrew persuasion, | 我生下来是犹太人 |
[50:08] | but, when I got older, I converted to narcissism. | 但是长大以后变成了自恋 |
[50:11] | -Dad? -Hmm? | -爸爸 -嗯 |
[50:14] | Dad, I need to talk to you right now. | 我有话要和你说 |
[50:16] | Oh, I was just about to pull some quarters out of Mrs. Quincy’s nose. | 我还打算给昆西夫人变戏法呢 |
[50:19] | Right now. I need to talk to you. | 就现在 我要和你谈谈 |
[50:21] | -Really? -Yep. | -真的 -是的 |
[50:22] | Excuse me. I’ll… | 抱歉 我… |
[50:24] | Where? | 去哪 |
[50:27] | Would you stop doing those nitwit tricks? | 你能不能别变这些傻瓜戏法 |
[50:29] | What is wrong with you? You’re supposed to be a dignified businessman. | 你到底怎么了 你应该是个威严的商人 |
[50:31] | I told them it was a hobby. The hobby of a rich merchant. | 我说这是我的个人爱好 富商的爱好 |
[50:34] | You know, so… | 所以… |
[50:35] | Oh, excuse me. Excuse me. | 抱歉 抱歉 |
[50:38] | Go down the stairs, open the music room door. I’ll keep Peter busy. | 下楼 打开音乐室的门 我来缠住彼得 |
[50:42] | I’ll meet you down there in a minute. You brought the combination, right? | 我过一会下去找你 你带密码了吗 |
[50:44] | No, I left it in my other jacket. | 没有 我忘在另一件大衣的口袋里了 |
[50:46] | -What? -Yes. And… | -什么 -是的 而且… |
[50:47] | So, what are we gonna do? You gotta go home and get it then. | 那我们该怎么办 你得回家把密码拿来 |
[50:49] | I can’t get it because the other jacket’s in the cleaners. | 我不能 那件夹克在洗衣店呢 |
[50:52] | -Sidney. -This is the problem having a limited wardrobe. | -西德尼 -换洗的衣服少就会有这个问题 |
[50:55] | But not to worry. | 不过不用担心 |
[50:56] | I have a mnemonic system. I remember everything. | 我有自己的记忆法 我什么都能记住 |
[50:59] | There you are. Mr. Spence, trust you’re having a good time? | 你在这啊 思朋斯先生 玩的还尽兴吗 |
[51:02] | Yes, a great time! This reminds me of our party. | 是的 非常尽兴 这让我想起了我们自己的派对 |
[51:05] | We threw a masked ball in Palm Beach this year, it was wonderful. | 我们今年在棕榈海滩搞了个化妆舞会 简直是太棒了 |
[51:08] | I came as a harlequin. She dressed as Petunia Pig. | 我化妆成小丑 她装扮成猪小妹 |
[51:12] | -Honey, there’s something I wanted to ask you about. -Absolutely. | -亲爱的 我想问你点事 -当然 |
[51:14] | That was a mask, wasn’t it? Just… I love her. | 那是面具吧 只是…我爱她 |
[51:17] | Just a minute, okay? | 等一下 好吗 |
[51:18] | Do you need a drink, Mr. Spence? | 来点喝的吗 思朋斯先生 |
[51:20] | No, I’m fine, thank you. | 不了 我很好 谢谢 |
[51:43] | It’s eight | 是8匹… |
[51:47] | blue horses. No, no, no. | 蓝色的马 不对 不对 不对 |
[51:50] | It’s 10. Ten spinning midgets. | 是10 10个旋转小矮人 |
[51:53] | No, it’s 12. Twelve jet planes and eight… No. | 不对 是12 12架喷气式飞机 8个…不对 |
[52:02] | Good to see you. Have a nice time. Nice to meet you. | 见到你真高兴 好好玩 很高兴见到你 |
[52:06] | Calm down, calm down. It was… It was… | 冷静 别着急 密码是…是… |
[52:09] | It was… | 密码是… |
[52:11] | Eight maids a-milking | 8个挤奶的侍女 |
[52:15] | and three French hens. | 还有3只法国母鸡 |
[52:18] | No, no. | 不 不对 |
[52:27] | Sixteen, wait, 20 jet planes, | 16 等一下 21架喷气式飞机 |
[52:32] | 12 spinning midgets. | 12个旋转小矮人 |
[52:34] | Eureka! | 有了 |
[53:24] | I’ll be right back. I’m just gonna use the bathroom. | 我一会就回来 我要去趟洗手间 |
[53:44] | Sidney? | 西德尼 |
[53:46] | Sidney, is that you? | 西德尼 是你吗 |
[53:49] | -I’m locked in! -Oh, Christ… What’s the combination? | -我被锁在里面了 -哦 天啊…密码是多少 |
[53:53] | For some reason, it’s gone out of my mind. | 我现在一时想不起来了 |
[53:57] | Did you see Miss Spence? | 你看到思朋斯小姐了吗 |
[53:59] | -I thought I saw her going downstairs. -Downstairs, right. | -我见到她下楼了 -在楼下 好的 |
[54:03] | It’s 16 blue horses. | 16匹蓝色的马 |
[54:05] | It’s 21 jet planes. | 21架喷气式飞机 |
[54:09] | And 12 midgets. | 12个小矮人 |
[54:12] | Twelve spinning midgets. | 12个旋转的小矮人 |
[54:19] | Oh, thank God! | 哦 谢天谢地 |
[54:20] | I thought I was gonna turn out to be one of those skeletons | 我以为人们卖掉这房子的时候 |
[54:22] | people find when they sell the house. Check the door. | 才会发现已经变成骷髅的我 小心门 |
[54:24] | Sixteen, 21, 12. You couldn’t remember that number? | 16 21 12 就这几个数字你都记不住 |
[54:28] | My mnemonic system failed me. What do you want me to say? | 我的记忆法太叫我失望了 你想叫我怎么说 |
[54:31] | Now exactly what are we looking for in here? This is all… | 我们究竟要在这里找什么 这些都… |
[54:35] | I’m not really sure. | 我也不太清楚 |
[54:37] | You’re not sure? | 你不清楚 |
[54:39] | Well, you know, don’t break anything. | 小心点 别打碎东西 |
[54:41] | By God, we’ll get caught and God knows. | 天晓得 我们会被抓住的 |
[54:44] | Hey, you know the old dirty joke | 嘿 你还记得有个黄色笑话吗 |
[54:46] | about how the French horn player sleeps with his wife at night? | 讲的是法国圆号演奏者 怎么和他老婆睡觉的故事 |
[54:49] | Sidney, put that thing down! | 西德尼 把那个放下 |
[54:51] | Will you excuse me? | 失陪一下 |
[54:57] | There’s nothing but musical instruments in here. | 这里除了乐器什么都没有 |
[54:59] | I’m telling you, we’re on a wild goose chase. Believe me. | 我告诉你我们这么做是徒劳的 相信我 |
[55:01] | -Jade? -What’s the matter? | -贞德 -怎么了 |
[55:03] | Did you hear that? | 你听到了吗 |
[55:05] | I thought I heard something. | 好像是听到什么了 |
[55:07] | Oh, come on, come on. Let’s get out of here. | 哦 快点 我们快离开这 |
[55:09] | All we need is to get caught in here. | 现在差的就是被抓了 |
[55:12] | Jade? | 贞德 |
[55:15] | Ah, there you are. I was searching for you. | 啊 你们在这 我一直在找你 |
[55:17] | The guests will be leaving soon. | 客人们马上就要走了 |
[55:18] | Yes, well, I was just showing Father around. He loves English homes. | 是吗 我只是带我爸到处参观一下 他喜欢英式家庭 |
[55:22] | Yes, I was very impressed with your cellar. | 没错 你家的酒窖可真是壮观啊 |
[55:24] | I have a wonderful cellar myself. | 我自己也有个很好的酒窖 |
[55:26] | No wine, but it’s rodent free. | 里面没有酒 也没有鼠类 |
[55:30] | Well, let’s get a drink. | 我们去喝一杯吧 |
[55:31] | Please, Mr. Spence, I haven’t seen you with a drink all night. | 来吧 思朋斯先生 我整晚都没见你喝酒 |
[55:34] | -Can you stay the night, please? -What? | -你今晚留在这里过夜吧 求你了 -什么 |
[55:36] | -Come on. -No, I can’t. | -留下来吧 -不 我不能 |
[55:37] | -Why not? -My father. | -为什么不行 -因为我爸 |
[55:39] | Oh, come on, I’ll have my driver take him home. | 别这样 我叫我司机送他回去 |
[55:41] | -No. -I can’t let you go. You’re too beautiful. | -不行 -我不能叫你走 你太美了 |
[55:43] | Look at you. I can’t. | 看看你 我不能 |
[57:40] | Jade? | 贞德 |
[57:48] | -Oh. -Jade. | -哦 -贞德 |
[57:52] | Jade, it’s 4:00 a.m. | 贞德 现在是早上4点 |
[57:54] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[57:56] | I couldn’t sleep, | 我睡不着 |
[57:58] | so I thought maybe some milk. | 我想喝点牛奶应该有帮助 |
[58:01] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[58:05] | -Jade, can I ask you something? -Mmm-hmm. | -贞德 能问你点事吗 -嗯 |
[58:10] | Would you consider not going home at the end of the summer? | 你能不能考虑下夏末不要回家 |
[58:14] | I don’t understand, what more proof do you need? | 我不明白 你还要什么证据 |
[58:17] | What are you gonna tell the police? | 你打算怎么和警察讲 |
[58:18] | The guy owns a deck of Tarot cards. That’s not a crime. | 这家伙有一套塔罗牌 这可不犯法 |
[58:21] | I mean, what, he was late for a poker game? | 就因为他打牌迟到就有嫌疑吗 |
[58:23] | I’m sure he’s smart enough to have an alibi. | 他肯定会说他有不在场的证据 |
[58:26] | What are we left with? His mother has short-cut, brunette hair. | 我们还有什么证据 他妈妈是黑色短发 |
[58:28] | I mean, look, if we blow the whistle on this guy… | 如果我们要揭发这个家伙的话… |
[58:30] | I know. I understand. | 我明白 |
[58:31] | …and he’s innocent and we can’t make the story… | 而他又是无辜的 那就没有新闻了… |
[58:33] | Then he realizes that you’re, you know, | 之后他会发现你是个… |
[58:35] | you’re a pushy little phony who’s been playing him for a sucker | 你是个别有用心的骗子 从头到尾都是在玩弄他 |
[58:38] | and he dumps you, you know. I get it. | 那他就会把你给甩了 我明白 |
[58:40] | All right. All I’m saying, is that in order to make an accusation, | 好吧 我想说的是 为了可以指控他 |
[58:43] | we gotta have proof. | 我们得先找到证据 |
[58:44] | Especially about Lord Lyman’s son. | 特别是他是莱曼勋爵的儿子 |
[58:46] | You don’t make an accusation. | 你不用控告他 |
[58:48] | We can phone in an anonymous tip. | 我们可以打匿名电话给警察 |
[58:51] | You know how many crank tips the papers say the police get? | 你知道报上说警察收到过多少古怪电话吗 |
[58:54] | You’re gonna phone one in on Peter Lyman! | 你打算打匿名电话告发彼得·莱曼 |
[58:56] | They’ll hang up on you mid-sentence. | 肯定你还没说完 警察就把电话挂了 |
[58:58] | Besides, if the story’s true, | 另外 如果确有其事的话 |
[58:59] | I want to be the one to break it. | 我要做那个最先报道的人 |
[59:01] | You know what Joe Strombel said? | 你知道乔·斯特劳博说过什么吗 |
[59:03] | He said, “Get it first, | 他说”第一时间报道新闻 |
[59:04] | but first get it right.” | 但是首先要确定新闻的准确性” |
[59:06] | Happy birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[59:09] | Wow, thank you. | 哇 谢谢你 |
[59:11] | What’s up? You look so sullen. | 怎么了 你看上去闷闷不乐 |
[59:14] | No, I’m not. I just… | 我没有 我只是… |
[59:18] | I get sad around birthdays. | 生日的时候我总是有点伤感 |
[59:20] | Oh, yes, well, I can understand that, | 哦 知道了 我能理解 |
[59:22] | but I think we’re both still young enough to enjoy the gifts. | 但是我觉得我们两个都还年轻 应该尽情享受生日礼物 |
[59:25] | Come on, open it. | 快 打开看看 |
[59:26] | Okay. | 好的 |
[59:30] | Oh, wow, it’s beautiful. | 哇 太漂亮了 |
[59:32] | -You like it? -I love it. | -你喜欢吗 -太喜欢了 |
[59:34] | Good. Here, allow me. | 那就好 来 我帮你带上 |
[59:36] | Gosh. | 天啊 |
[59:38] | You shouldn’t have. | 你不应该破费的 |
[59:40] | I wanted to. | 我想这么做 |
[59:42] | -Hey, hey, are you crying? -No, I’m too tough to cry. | -嘿 你哭了 -没有 我很坚强 不会哭的 |
[59:46] | Oh. | 哦 |
[59:47] | Though my nasal passages do become congested when I’m sad. | 尽管我伤心的时候我的鼻腔会堵塞 |
[59:51] | Oh, don’t be sad. It’s your birthday. Hmm? | 哦 别伤心 好吗 今天是你生日 |
[59:54] | Oh, I wish I could celebrate with you tonight. | 真希望我今晚能和你一起庆祝生日 |
[59:56] | I just have to go out of town for a few days. | 我得出城几天 |
[59:58] | Really? | 真的 |
[59:59] | Yes, I just have some business to take care of. | 是的 我有些生意上的事情需要处理 |
[1:00:03] | -But we’ll celebrate when I get back, all right? -Okay. | -我回来后会和你一起庆祝好吗 -好的 |
[1:00:07] | Thank you so much for the present. It’s beautiful. | 谢谢你的礼物 真的是太漂亮了 |
[1:00:09] | I’ll think about you whenever I wear it. | 我带上它的时候就会想起你的 |
[1:00:14] | You didn’t tell me it was your birthday! | 你没告诉过我今天是你生日 |
[1:00:16] | I’ll take you for a magnificent dinner. | 我要带你好好的出去吃一顿 |
[1:00:17] | -We’ll go to a great restaurant. -Really? | -我们去家高档餐厅 -真的 |
[1:00:19] | Do you enjoy the McNuggets thing? | 你喜欢麦当劳吗 |
[1:00:24] | What about lndian food? Do you like spicy food? | 那印度菜怎么样 你喜欢辛辣食物吗 |
[1:00:28] | No, no, it’s okay. | 不 无所谓了 |
[1:00:30] | I don’t really have much of an appetite. | 我没什么食欲 |
[1:00:32] | But you will when they bring out the prawns in hydrochloric acid. | 等盐酸对虾上来的时候你就有食欲了 |
[1:00:35] | It’s fantastic, Sondra. | 好吃极了 桑德拉 |
[1:00:38] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[1:00:40] | -What, are you thinking of Peter? -No. | -怎么了 你在想彼得吗 -没有 |
[1:00:42] | I don’t know, it’s just… | 我也不知道 只是… |
[1:00:43] | I wouldn’t be surprised if he asked me to marry him one day, you know? | 要是他哪天叫我嫁给他我都不会吃惊的 |
[1:00:46] | You come from an Orthodox family. | 你来自一个正统家庭 |
[1:00:49] | Would they accept a serial killer? | 你父母会接受一个连环杀手吗 |
[1:00:52] | That’s an expensive present. | 这礼物可很昂贵啊 |
[1:00:55] | -The Lymans are so wealthy. -Yes. | -莱曼家族非常富有 -是的 |
[1:00:58] | It was almost too extravagant. | 这礼物太奢侈了 |
[1:01:00] | I’d better get ready. I still haven’t found my millionaire yet. | 我最好也准备一下 我还没找到我的百万富翁呢 |
[1:01:07] | Oh, God, Sondra, what a mess! | 哦 天啊 桑德拉 看你搞得这一团糟 |
[1:01:12] | It’s starting to add up against him. | 现在所有的事情联系起来开始对他不利 |
[1:01:13] | Bits and scraps are coming together. | 一件一件的事情开始联系起来 |
[1:01:15] | God, it’s you! | 天啊 是你 |
[1:01:16] | I sensed you were falling in love. I escaped again. | 我感觉到你爱上他了 所以我又跑回来 |
[1:01:19] | It’s just circumstantial junk, you know. A coincidence here and there. | 那只是巧合 到处都是一些巧合而已 |
[1:01:23] | Too much smoke not to be fire. | 无风不起浪啊 |
[1:01:25] | Look, I’m sure you’ve been wrong plenty of times. | 我肯定你错过很多次了 |
[1:01:27] | Not wrong here. | 这件事上肯定不会错 |
[1:01:29] | Though I agree you haven’t got enough to pull the trigger yet. | 我相信你现在还没有 找到足够的证据指控他 |
[1:01:32] | If you act prematurely, not only does he walk, | 如果你还表现的这么不成熟的话 不仅仅是他会逃脱制裁 |
[1:01:35] | your professional credibility is wrecked, sometimes for good. | 你的职业信誉也会受到影响 也许会彻底毁了… |
[1:01:38] | Oh, I’m sure you want him to be guilty. | 我知道你希望他是有罪的 |
[1:01:40] | You know, that way you get your last big scoop. | 这样的话 你就可以得到 你的最后一条独家大新闻 |
[1:01:42] | I’m beginning to fade. | 我开始消失了 |
[1:01:43] | Sondra, don’t let me down! | 桑德拉 不要就我失望 |
[1:01:45] | I wish you’d fade for good! | 我希望你永远都不要再出现 |
[1:01:47] | Get out of my life! | 不要再来打扰我的生活 |
[1:01:49] | I’m not cut out for this. | 我天生不是干这行的 |
[1:01:50] | I should be flossing molars for a living. | 我应该靠给别人清洗牙齿而维生的 |
[1:01:54] | The bread is… You know, I can make a meal just with the bread. | 面包太…我可以只用面包做顿饭 |
[1:01:57] | I can do a whole meal, just nothing but bread. | 整个一顿饭 除了面包什么都不用 |
[1:01:59] | If I ate that much bread, I’d be 20 pounds heavier. | 要是我吃那么多面包的话 我就得比现在还要再胖20磅 |
[1:02:02] | See, I never gain an ounce, | 看到没 我从来就不长胖 |
[1:02:04] | because, you know, my anxiety acts like aerobics. | 我焦虑不安的性格就像有氧运动一样 |
[1:02:08] | So I get the exercise. | 所以我总是能得到一些健身锻炼 |
[1:02:10] | Thanks for taking me out for my birthday, Sidney. | 西德尼 谢谢你为了我生日 带我出来吃饭 |
[1:02:13] | Well, you know, you’re the daughter that I never had. | 对我来说 你就像我的女儿一样 |
[1:02:16] | Oh, that’s so… No, no, I’m kidding. I’m kidding. | 哦 那真是…不 我开玩笑的 |
[1:02:18] | ‘Cause I never wanted to have kids. | 因为我从来没打算要孩子 |
[1:02:19] | I didn’t. Because you have kids, what is it? | 从来没用 因为你要是有孩子的话 会怎么样呢 |
[1:02:22] | You know, you’re nice to them, you bring them up, | 你得对他们好 你得抚养他们长大成人 |
[1:02:24] | you suffer, | 你得承受很多痛苦 |
[1:02:25] | you take care of them | 你得照顾他们 |
[1:02:26] | and then they grow up and they accuse you of having Alzheimer’s. | 之后他们长大成人 骂你有老年痴呆 |
[1:02:31] | Could you ever live in London? | 你会在伦敦生活下去吗 |
[1:02:35] | Could I live in London? No. | 我会在伦敦生活下去吗 不会 |
[1:02:36] | And I love London. Don’t get me wrong, I love London, | 别误会 我爱伦敦 |
[1:02:38] | but, you know, | 但是 你知道 |
[1:02:41] | apart from the language problem, I can’t take the driving. | 除了语言上的问题外 我受不了在这里开车 |
[1:02:45] | Because it, you know, it’s on the wrong side, and l… | 你知道 是在马路的另一边驾驶 我… |
[1:02:48] | Every time I drive a car here, | 每次我在这里开车 |
[1:02:50] | I’m convinced I’m going to die in a crash. | 我都确信我会死于车祸 |
[1:02:54] | Sidney! | 西德尼 |
[1:02:55] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[1:02:56] | It’s Peter. | 是彼得 |
[1:02:58] | You said Peter was out of town. | 你告诉我彼得出城了 |
[1:02:59] | Well, that’s what he told me. | 他是那么和我说的 |
[1:03:01] | Come on. | 快走 |
[1:03:03] | What do you mean, come on? | 你说”快走” 什么意思 |
[1:03:04] | I ordered prawns. | 我点了对虾 |
[1:03:06] | Just pay, all right? Just pay. | 付帐 好吗 付帐 |
[1:03:09] | What do you mean, pay? All I do is… | 你什么意思 付帐 我能做的只是… |
[1:03:11] | Fine, it’s her birthday. | 好吧 今天是她的生日 |
[1:03:16] | Come on. | 快点 |
[1:03:18] | Maybe he’s got another woman on the side, | 也许他还有别的女人 |
[1:03:20] | and he likes you, but he’s sexually attracted to her. | 他喜欢你 但是在性方面还是被她所吸引 |
[1:03:23] | Thanks, Sidney. | 谢谢 西德尼 |
[1:03:24] | Well, why doesn’t he have his chauffeur? | 为什么他的司机不在 |
[1:03:26] | I don’t know, whatever he’s doing, | 我不知道 不管他要做什么 |
[1:03:27] | he must want it to be secret. | 他肯定是不想叫其他人知道 |
[1:04:05] | Oh, I told you he went the other way! | 我告诉你他朝另一个方向走了 |
[1:04:08] | Can we go home, please? | 我们能回家了吗 |
[1:04:09] | It’s starting to rain. | 开始下雨了 |
[1:04:11] | I can’t believe he lied to me. | 我不敢相信他居然骗了我 |
[1:04:14] | Maybe he’s doing something that he’s ashamed to tell you about. | 可能他不好意思 告诉你他现在正在做的事 |
[1:04:18] | Maybe he belongs to one of those clubs, | 可能他是那些夜总会的会员 |
[1:04:20] | or he’s a cross-dresser or something. | 或者他喜欢装扮成女人什么的 |
[1:04:22] | Or maybe he does folk dancing. | 或者他是跳民族舞蹈的 |
[1:04:24] | Oh, I’m sure it’s probably something that when he tells me, | 我相信当他告诉我这件事的时候 |
[1:04:26] | I’ll just feel foolish for thinking he lied. | 我会觉得认为他撒谎真的很愚蠢 |
[1:04:28] | I’m sure. You know, not everything in this world is sinister. | 肯定是这样的 这世界并不是每件事都是邪恶的 |
[1:04:32] | You know, just practically everything. | 只是事实上是而已 |
[1:04:34] | That lndian food made me sick. | 印度菜让我很不舒服 |
[1:04:37] | You hardly touched your cobra salad. | 你根本就没怎么碰你的眼镜蛇沙拉 |
[1:04:39] | How can you be sick? | 怎么可能会不舒服 |
[1:04:40] | Help! | 救命 |
[1:04:42] | A woman’s been strangled! | 一个女人被掐死了 |
[1:04:45] | Help! A woman’s been strangled! Help, call the police! | 救命 一个女人被掐死了 快给警察打电话 |
[1:04:50] | Somebody call the police! There’s been a murder! | 快通知警察 这里发生了谋杀 |
[1:04:52] | WOThere’s been a murder upstairs. | 楼上有人被谋杀了 |
[1:04:53] | WOHelp! | 救命 |
[1:04:54] | Have you got a phone? Have you got a phone? Call the police. | 你有电话吗 快给警察打电话 |
[1:04:56] | Could it be the Tarot Killer? They found a Tarot card. It’s him. | 会是塔罗牌杀手吗 他们找到了一张塔罗牌 就是他 |
[1:04:59] | I can’t believe it! She lives in this building. | 简直难以置信 她住在这栋楼里 |
[1:05:01] | It’s him again. They found the Tarot card. | 又是他 他们找到了塔罗牌 |
[1:05:05] | Elizabeth Gibson, another short-haired brunette. | 伊丽莎白·吉布森 另一个黑色短发的遇害者 |
[1:05:08] | We should have gone to the police earlier. | 我们本应该早点通知警察的 |
[1:05:10] | Well, you know… You said that they wouldn’t believe us | 是你说的他们不会相信我们 |
[1:05:13] | and they may not. | 他们可能不会相信 |
[1:05:16] | Sidney, it’s about time we show my story to a real newspaperman. | 西德尼 现在是时候把我们的消息 告诉真正的记者了 |
[1:05:21] | By real, you mean what? | 你说”真正的”是什么意思 |
[1:05:22] | One that’s living. | 活着的记者 |
[1:05:24] | Vivian’s father has a friend that works at The Observer. | 薇薇安的爸爸有个朋友在”观察者”工作 |
[1:05:28] | Well, it’s very vivid and rather shocking, | 你的故事很生动而且令人震惊 |
[1:05:30] | and there are some genuine circumstantial bits of evidence. | 你的证据里有不少都只是巧合而已 |
[1:05:33] | But let me give you a lesson in professional journalism. | 还是让我给你讲讲什么是专业新闻 |
[1:05:38] | No newspaper should or would ever run this story. | 根本不可能有报纸会报道这件事 |
[1:05:43] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[1:05:45] | It would be fatally irresponsible and libelous. | 那只会是有损当事人名誉 而且不负责任的行为 |
[1:05:48] | All you have here are a number of titillating speculations. | 你这里只有一些表面上的推测而已 |
[1:05:52] | Flamboyant theories that tarnish a man, and a well-known figure at that, | 只有一些浮夸的推理 来诋毁一个公众人物 |
[1:05:56] | without a single shred of substantial proof. | 哪怕一丁点充实的证据都没有 |
[1:06:00] | So his mother was a short-haired brunette. | 你的证据只有他妈妈是黑色短发 |
[1:06:02] | So he came late for a poker game | 只有他打牌迟到了 |
[1:06:04] | and said he was going away on a business trip and he got caught lying. | 只有他说过要去商务旅行 结果被发现是在撒谎 |
[1:06:08] | Yes, but who keeps a Tarot deck | 是这样 但是又有谁会把塔罗牌 |
[1:06:11] | under a French horn? | 放在法国圆号下面呢 |
[1:06:13] | It’s not against the law to own a Tarot deck, or keep it wherever you like. | 拥有塔罗牌 并且随意放置它 这些都不犯法 |
[1:06:19] | You’d look pretty foolish in court with your accusations, | 你对他的这些指控 在法庭上会 显得很愚蠢被动的 |
[1:06:21] | and that’s where you’ll wind up. | 而且被告上法庭 也将是你们的最终命运 |
[1:06:23] | Because he’d have no choice but to sue you and the newspaper, | 因为那时除了控告你们和报社之外 他别无选择 |
[1:06:26] | and he’d win. | 而且官司他肯定会赢的 |
[1:06:28] | And to go to the police? | 要是我们去报警呢 |
[1:06:30] | I’ll come to that. | 这个我一会会说的 |
[1:06:31] | But first let me continue my tedious professorial lecture. | 先让我把我这个无聊的专业讲座讲完 |
[1:06:36] | Vivian’s dad and l go way back. | 薇薇安的爸爸和我认识很久了 |
[1:06:39] | He said you were a journalism student. | 他告诉我你是个新闻系学生 |
[1:06:42] | Hmm. | 是的 |
[1:06:44] | You talk about getting a tip. | 你提到过你这是你得到的内部消息 |
[1:06:46] | Okay, you won’t disclose your source, | 好的 你不会透漏消息的来源 |
[1:06:47] | but what you have done is let your imagination run wild. | 但是你想象的过头了 |
[1:06:51] | No, no. | 不 不是 |
[1:06:52] | What if I told you that my source happened | 要是我告诉你我的消息来自于 |
[1:06:54] | to be a certain Joe Strombel? | 乔·斯特劳博你会怎么想 |
[1:06:56] | -The late Joe Strombel? -Yep. | -那个已故的乔·斯特劳博 -是的 |
[1:06:58] | You mean, before he died he gave a student reporter | 你是说 他死前把消息 透漏给你这个学生记者 |
[1:07:01] | a major story and didn’t follow it up himself? | 他自己不去追踪这个大新闻 |
[1:07:03] | We didn’t say it was before he died. | 我们没说这消息是他死前告诉我们的 |
[1:07:07] | -What? -No, it… | -什么 -不是 是… |
[1:07:08] | He got the story before he died, | 他死前得到这个消息 |
[1:07:10] | and then he died before he could follow it up. | 但是他还没来得及追踪下去就死了 |
[1:07:14] | Well, why did he give it to you? He didn’t know he was dying. | 那他为什么要告诉你呢 他并不知道他要死了啊 |
[1:07:18] | I don’t buy it. | 我不会相信的 |
[1:07:19] | I knew Joe Strombel well. | 我太了解乔·斯特劳博了 |
[1:07:21] | If he’d had a tip that he considered reliable, | 如果他得到了一条他认为 可靠的消息的话 |
[1:07:24] | he would certainly have pursued it himself, | 他肯定会亲自追踪下去的 |
[1:07:26] | from the grave, if necessary. | 即使是在坟墓里他也会这么做的 |
[1:07:29] | What about how Peter was in the neighborhood | 那你怎么看谋杀案那天晚上 |
[1:07:32] | the night the murder was committed? | 彼得在那附近出现这点呢 |
[1:07:35] | I realize as a student how exciting it must have been | 我理解作为一个学生记者当发现自己可能 |
[1:07:37] | to think that you were onto something so spectacular. | 追踪到什么独家特大新闻时的激动心情 |
[1:07:40] | Hey, she is onto something! | 嘿 她就是在追踪大新闻 |
[1:07:42] | This kid is a bloodhound. Look at her! | 这孩子就是个侦探 你看看她 |
[1:07:44] | She could sell the story to any tabloid in town. | 这新闻她能卖给城里任何一家小报 |
[1:07:48] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[1:07:50] | Now that I’ve preached on the realities of accurate reporting, | 我已经向你宣扬了什么是 真正客观的新闻报道 |
[1:07:53] | I want to tell you how catastrophic for everybody involved | 我想说的是 |
[1:07:57] | it would have been if you had, say, taken | 如果你把你调查的这些透漏给小报 |
[1:07:59] | the results of your investigation to a tabloid. | 那这件事所涉及到的 每个人的命运都将是悲惨的 |
[1:08:04] | Today, the police have apprehended the Tarot Card Serial Killer. | 今天 警方已经抓获了塔罗牌连环杀手 |
[1:08:08] | And it most assuredly is not Peter Lyman. | 凶手千真万确不是彼得·莱曼 |
[1:08:11] | What? | 什么 |
[1:08:13] | Every paper in town is going to press with it as we speak. | 现在城里的每家报社都在做这个报道 |
[1:08:17] | It was a handyman named Henry Banks who has confessed. | 犯案的是一个叫亨利·班克斯的杂物工 |
[1:08:21] | Banks is a delusional paranoid who’s given Scotland Yard | 班克斯是一个妄想狂 |
[1:08:24] | information that only the killer could possibly know. | 他向苏格兰场提供的信息 只有凶手本人才能知道 |
[1:08:28] | He’s led the police to two additional bodies | 根据他的信息 警察又发现了2具尸体 |
[1:08:30] | and his DNA and a fingerprint they found check out. | 他的DNA和指纹都与现场留下的吻合 |
[1:08:35] | I know this puts a crimp in your scoop, | 我知道这事对你的大新闻来说 是个不小的打击 |
[1:08:38] | but Henry Banks is the Tarot Card Serial Killer. | 但是亨利·班克斯才是 真正的塔罗牌连环杀手 |
[1:08:41] | Not Lord Lyman’s son. | 不是莱曼勋爵的儿子 |
[1:08:46] | Well, I can’t say I’m not walking on air. | 不得不承认我现在真的是很高兴 |
[1:08:48] | Oh, Jesus, If I ever catch that Joe Strombel, I’ll kill him. | 哦 天啊 要是我抓到乔·斯特劳博 我一定杀了他 |
[1:08:52] | I only hope Peter forgives me for what I’ve done. | 希望彼得能原谅我对他做过的一切 |
[1:08:54] | For what? | 原谅你什么 |
[1:08:55] | I lied to him. I’m not Jade Spence. | 我对他撒了谎 我不是贞德·思朋斯 |
[1:08:57] | I’m a pushy, duplicitous, ambitious college student. | 我是一个别有企图 奸诈的 野心勃勃的大学生 |
[1:09:00] | I lied to him, over and over. | 我一次又一次的骗了他 |
[1:09:01] | Darling, he lied to you, too, so it’s even. | 亲爱的 他也骗了你 所以你们互不相欠 |
[1:09:04] | His lies pale in comparison to the enormity of what I’ve done. | 和我做的那些罪大恶极的事相比 他的谎言算不上什么 |
[1:09:08] | So marry him as Jade Spence. Don’t tell him. | 那就不要告诉他 以贞德·思朋斯的身份嫁给他 |
[1:09:11] | You know, you don’t have to be Sondra Pransky ever again. | 你不需要再做回桑德拉·波兰斯基 |
[1:09:14] | Marry him as Jade Spence. | 就当你的贞德·思朋斯嫁给他好了 |
[1:09:16] | Yeah, but I don’t want to have to get you a Father’s Day gift every year. | 对 但是我可不想 每年父亲节的时候还得买礼物给你 |
[1:09:19] | You know, I don’t know how to break this to you, | 我不知道这事该如何启口 |
[1:09:22] | honey, but you were adopted. Okay? | 亲爱的 你是被收养的 |
[1:09:24] | Your mother and l, we were at the orphanage, | 你妈和我 当时我们在孤儿院 |
[1:09:26] | we wanted a handicapped child, and… | 想收养一个有残疾的孩子… |
[1:09:29] | Ah, finally. Just you and I all weekend. | 真是难得 整个周末只有我们两个人 |
[1:09:32] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[1:09:35] | I thought you’d like it here. | 我觉得你会喜欢这里的 |
[1:09:36] | -It’s lovely. -Mmm-hmm. | -这里很好 -嗯 |
[1:09:40] | -Peter? -Yes. | -彼得 -什么事 |
[1:09:42] | I have a confession to make. | 我得向你坦白些事情 |
[1:09:43] | Oh, God, so do l. | 哦 天啊 我也要向你坦白 |
[1:09:45] | Oh, well, let me go first. | 哦 我先来吧 |
[1:09:47] | Actually, no, let me, please, | 不 还是我先来吧 |
[1:09:49] | because mine’s been bothering me all day. | 因为我要说的事已经困扰我整整一天了 |
[1:09:51] | I just want to get it off my chest. | 我只想快点把它说出来 |
[1:09:52] | When I told you I was going away for a few days on business, | 当我和你说 我有生意上的事要出去几天的时候 |
[1:09:56] | I was lying. | 我是在骗你 |
[1:09:59] | -I know. -You know? How? | -我知道 -你知道 怎么知道的 |
[1:10:02] | -Oh, I saw you. -You saw me? No. | -哦 我看到你了 -你看到我了 不 |
[1:10:04] | -I was at dinner, and… -With your father? | -我当时正在吃饭…-是和你爸爸在一起吗 |
[1:10:07] | -Actually… -Well, anyway, it doesn’t matter. Really. | -事实上…-无所谓 这并不重要 真的 |
[1:10:10] | The truth is, that a company my father owns | 事实是 我父亲经营的一个公司 |
[1:10:14] | is about to merge with a company in the Middle East. | 要和中东的一家公司合并 |
[1:10:16] | It’s a very sensitive situation, | 这事很敏感 |
[1:10:18] | and the less anyone knows about it, the better. | 知道的人越少越好 |
[1:10:20] | And we just didn’t want the press to sniff it out. | 我们只是不希望媒体发现这事 |
[1:10:22] | I mean, that’s no excuse, really. | 尽管这并不能做为我撒谎的借口 |
[1:10:23] | I’m just very sorry for the extreme secrecy. | 我只是对这个机密感到抱歉 |
[1:10:25] | No, no, no, it’s fine. I’m glad. | 不 不 不 没事的 我很高兴你告诉我 |
[1:10:28] | It’s your own secret information. That’s fine. | 这是你个人的秘密信息 我理解 |
[1:10:32] | So your father took you out for a birthday dinner | 这么说 你父亲带你出去吃饭庆祝生日 |
[1:10:35] | and you saw me. I mean, how unnerving. | 在那你看到了我 真是无地自容 |
[1:10:36] | God, I mean, the thing I hate most in the world is lying. | 天 我最憎恨的就是欺骗 |
[1:10:40] | Uh-huh. | 嗯 |
[1:10:42] | What? | 什么 |
[1:10:45] | -Peter… -Yes, Jade? | -彼得…-什么事 贞德 |
[1:10:48] | Peter… | 彼得… |
[1:10:49] | Oh, yes. What did you want to tell me? | 哦 对了 你刚才要和我说什么 |
[1:10:51] | Uh… | 嗯… |
[1:10:52] | Jade, there’s nothing you can tell me that… | 贞德 你什么都可以和我说… |
[1:10:54] | My name is not Jade Spence. | 我不叫贞德·思朋斯 |
[1:10:57] | It’s not? | 不叫 |
[1:11:00] | No. It’s Sondra Pransky. | 不 我叫桑德拉·波兰斯基 |
[1:11:02] | And my father is not my father. His name is Sidney Waterman. | 我爸爸其实不说我的真爸爸 他的名字叫西德尼·沃特曼 |
[1:11:06] | He’s a magician called Splendini. | 他是艺名叫斯朋兰迪尼的魔术师 |
[1:11:08] | I’m a journalism student. | 我是个新闻专业的学生 |
[1:11:10] | Don’t ask me what kind of crazy misinformation we received | 我们得到一个荒唐的错误信息 |
[1:11:14] | to believe you might be the Tarot Card Killer. | 以为你就是塔罗牌连环杀手 |
[1:11:16] | I mean, I didn’t know you at this time. Remember? | 我那时候并不认识你 记得吗 |
[1:11:21] | And, of course, as soon as I got to know you, | 当然 自从我了解你的为人之后 |
[1:11:24] | I knew that it couldn’t possibly be true. | 我就知道那是不可能的 |
[1:11:26] | And the police have him now, so everything’s fine. | 现在警察已经抓到了真正的凶手 所以一切都会好起来的 |
[1:11:29] | Of course, along the route I fell for you, | 当然 我是那么爱你 |
[1:11:32] | and now I totally blew it, and… | 但现在我彻底把这事给搞砸了… |
[1:11:34] | Who told you this? | 是谁告诉你这些的 |
[1:11:36] | Oh, a newspaperman. He’s now deceased. | 哦 是一个新闻记者 他现在已经死了 |
[1:11:40] | Very foolish. He was eager for his last scoop. | 非常愚蠢 他太渴望他最后的一个头条新闻了 |
[1:11:42] | Oh, I’m so sorry. I just | 哦 对不起 我只是… |
[1:11:45] | totally understand if you never want to speak to me again | 如果你今后再不想和我说话 我完全能够理解 |
[1:11:49] | -or if you don’t want to see me… -Miss Pransky. | -或者你再也不想见我的话…-波兰斯基小姐 |
[1:11:51] | Not only am l not angry with you, but you… | 我不仅不生你的气 而且… |
[1:11:54] | -You’ve absolutely made my day! -What? | -你让我很高兴 -什么 |
[1:11:58] | Just suspecting that I could be such an imaginative, | 想象一下我是那样富有想象力 |
[1:12:00] | dramatic fiend. I love it. | 引人注目的杀人魔鬼 我喜欢 |
[1:12:02] | -You do? -Yes. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[1:12:03] | I think it’s one of the funniest, craziest things I’ve ever heard in my life. | 我想这是我这辈子听到的最有趣 最疯狂的事情 |
[1:12:06] | I can’t wait to tell the chaps at the club. | 我真是迫不及待想告诉 俱乐部里的那帮家伙 |
[1:12:08] | Peter? | 彼得 |
[1:12:09] | Yes, darling. | 是的 亲爱的 |
[1:12:11] | -I have to ask you something. -Yes, anything. Absolutely. | -我得问你点事情 -当然 什么事都可以 |
[1:12:16] | Why did you hide that Tarot deck in your music room? | 为什么你会把那副塔罗牌 藏到你的音乐室呢 |
[1:12:22] | How do you know about that? | 你是怎么知道的 |
[1:12:26] | I was so paranoid. I… It’s crazy. | 我太多疑了 我…太疯狂了 |
[1:12:28] | But I snuck in. | 我偷偷溜进去了 |
[1:12:29] | Oh, dear, it was going to be a surprise. | 亲爱的 那本来是给你的一个惊喜 |
[1:12:31] | I bought them for you. They’re Victorian Tarot cards. | 是给你买的 那是维多利亚时代的塔罗牌 |
[1:12:34] | You told me you were into that kind of thing. | 你告诉过我你对那些东西感兴趣 |
[1:12:36] | -What? Oh… -It was gonna be a gift for you. | -什么 哦…-那是给你的礼物 |
[1:12:37] | Oh, you’re so… I feel like such an idiot! | 哦 你真是太…我简直就像个傻子一样 |
[1:12:40] | Darling, no, no, no, never mind, never mind. What a shame. | 亲爱的 不 没关系 真遗憾 |
[1:12:42] | -Let’s forget about it. -No… | -忘了这些吧 -不… |
[1:12:44] | Huh? Let’s just… | 嗯 我们… |
[1:12:46] | Now that we’ve confessed our sins, | 我们已经坦白了自己的罪行 |
[1:12:48] | let’s move on with our lives, huh? | 现在还是继续我们的生活 好吗 |
[1:12:49] | -Really? -Yeah. I want to hear all about the real you. | -真的 -是的 我想听听真正的你的事情 |
[1:12:52] | And I assure you in advance, I’ll love it. | 提前向你保证 我会喜欢听的 |
[1:12:55] | Oh, God, | 哦 天啊 |
[1:12:56] | you snuck into my music room, did you? | 你偷偷溜进了我的音乐室 是吗 |
[1:13:01] | So the reason why he was skulking around, | 他躲躲闪闪的原因 |
[1:13:03] | was ’cause he had this private family business | 就是因为他家族的生意 |
[1:13:05] | which is too delicate to discuss, actually. | 那生意非常敏感 |
[1:13:08] | Sorry, I don’t buy it. | 对不起 我不相信 |
[1:13:09] | -What? -The man is a liar and a murderer. | -什么 -那家伙是骗子兼杀人凶手 |
[1:13:12] | And I say that with all due respect. | 我就是这么认为的 |
[1:13:14] | -Sidney. -Child, I know what I’m talking about. | -西德尼 -孩子 我知道我在说什么 |
[1:13:16] | Don’t call me that, all right? | 别那么叫我 好吗 |
[1:13:18] | Do you remember when we were out on the estate, | 你还记得我们去他家庄园的时候 |
[1:13:20] | I found a clue, you thought I was nuts? | 我发现了一条线索 可你却认为我疯了的事吗 |
[1:13:22] | I thought you were nuts so many times I can’t recall the exact one. | 我那么说你好多回了 我记不起来究竟是什么时候的事了 |
[1:13:25] | Do you remember this? | 你还记得这个吗 |
[1:13:26] | Do you remember this little item? This clue? | 你还记得这个小纸条吗 记得这个线索吗 |
[1:13:28] | -Yes, Betty G. -Yes, Betty G. | -是的 贝蒂·G -没错 就是贝蒂·G |
[1:13:31] | Now, I checked all the girls that were murdered. | 我查过所有被害的女孩 |
[1:13:35] | The one that was killed the night we saw Peter on the street, was named | 我们看到彼得那天被害的那个女孩 |
[1:13:38] | Elizabeth Gibson. | 她的名字叫伊丽莎白·吉布森 |
[1:13:41] | So? | 那又怎么样 |
[1:13:42] | So Betty is short for Elizabeth a lot of times. | 很多时候 贝蒂就是伊丽莎白的简称 |
[1:13:46] | Oh, come on, Sidney. That’s a real stretch. You’re reaching now. | 别这样 西德尼 这太夸张了 你现在是在妄下结论 |
[1:13:49] | Look, supposing you wanted to rub somebody out and not get caught. | 听着 想象一下你想打劫什么人 而又不想被抓 |
[1:13:53] | Nobody wants to get caught, Sidney. | 没有人想被抓 西德尼 |
[1:13:55] | Look, | 听着 |
[1:13:56] | he wants to get rid of Elizabeth Gibson. | 他想干掉伊丽莎白·吉布森 |
[1:13:58] | Betty Gibson. Betty Gibson. | 贝蒂·吉布森 贝蒂·吉布森 |
[1:14:00] | So, there’s a series of murders | 这里有一系列的凶杀案 |
[1:14:03] | with a guy that’s got a real style. A Tarot card. | 凶手作案的手段很独特 有塔罗牌 |
[1:14:06] | They said he was a total maniac. | 他们说凶手是个十足的疯子 |
[1:14:08] | He buys a Tarot deck and let’s say he hides it. | 他买了副塔罗牌 而且把它给藏起来 |
[1:14:11] | Hypothetically, he hides it, let’s say, in a music room. | 假设 我们姑且这么说 他把牌藏到了一个音乐室里 |
[1:14:14] | -Let’s say he hides it in, let’s say, a French horn. -Oh, Sidney. | -假设他把牌藏到法国圆号下面 -哦 西德尼 |
[1:14:16] | -In a French horn! -I’m losing patience with you. | -藏在法国圆号下面 -我没耐心听你说这些 |
[1:14:19] | I’m not saying the guy did all the murders. | 我没有说所有的谋杀都是这家伙干的 |
[1:14:21] | I’m saying that he just did Elizabeth Gibson, | 我只是说他杀了伊丽莎白·吉布森 |
[1:14:24] | then folded it into the series of the Tarot Killer | 然后他把一切伪装成塔罗牌杀手所为 |
[1:14:26] | so he wouldn’t get caught. | 这样的话 他就不会被抓 |
[1:14:28] | Henry Banks confessed to all the murders. | 亨利·班克斯承认了所有的谋杀 |
[1:14:31] | Henry Banks is deranged! He hallucinates! | 亨利·班克斯疯了 他神志不清 |
[1:14:33] | My God. | 天啊 |
[1:14:34] | Henry… And you know those guys like to brag when they get caught. | 亨利…你知道那些家伙 被抓后就喜欢瞎吹牛 |
[1:14:37] | Henry Banks, you know… | 亨利·班克斯 他… |
[1:14:39] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[1:14:40] | The cops will dump every unsolved murder on Henry Banks. | 警察会把所有未破的凶杀案都推到亨利·班克斯身上 |
[1:14:44] | They haven’t caught anybody in years. | 他们好些年都抓不到一个凶手 |
[1:14:46] | -Peter wouldn’t hurt a fly. -Oh, really? | -彼得连苍蝇都不忍心伤害 -哦 是吗 |
[1:14:49] | What about a fly who speaks? | 那那些会说话的苍蝇呢 |
[1:14:52] | -What? -Yes. | -什么 -是的 |
[1:14:53] | Why would Peter kill a prostitute? | 为什么彼得要杀一个妓女 |
[1:14:55] | Because it looks terrible on his resume. | 因为这威胁到他的声誉 |
[1:14:58] | Who knows what kind of sordid life this guy has? | 谁知道那家伙过的是 什么样的肮脏生活呢 |
[1:15:00] | Have you completely lost your mind? What is wrong with you? | 你疯了吗 你到底是怎么了 |
[1:15:03] | Peter being blackmailed by a prostitute? It’s ridiculous. | 彼得被一个妓女敲诈 太荒谬了 |
[1:15:06] | What are you putting in your Metamucil? | 你到底葫芦里卖的是什么药 |
[1:15:08] | You know… Where are you going? | 你知道…你要去哪 |
[1:15:10] | You don’t understand! It would kill his reputation! | 你不明白 那会毁了他的名声的 |
[1:15:13] | Oh, can you bring the water out? | 哦 你能不能把水拿出来 |
[1:15:17] | Can I say one thing? Can I just tell you one thing? | 我能说一件事吗 能就和你说一件事吗 |
[1:15:20] | Joe Strombel would not agree with you. | 乔·斯特劳博是不会同意你的观点的 |
[1:15:22] | I don’t want to talk about Joe Strombel, all right? | 我不想谈乔·斯特劳博 好吗 |
[1:15:24] | Even a great reporter can be wrong. | 再伟大的记者也有犯错的时候 |
[1:15:26] | But he’s not wrong. | 但是他没有错 |
[1:15:28] | Blackmail. I see it all over. | 敲诈 这点我很清楚 |
[1:15:30] | You are a cynical crapehanger | 你是个愤世嫉俗的悲观主义者 |
[1:15:31] | who always sees the glass half-empty! | 你看到的永远都只是半空的水杯 |
[1:15:33] | No, you’re wrong. I see the glass half-full, | 你错了 我看到的是半满的水杯 |
[1:15:35] | but of poison. | 而且杯里的水还是有毒的 |
[1:15:36] | And you’re gonna wind up drinking it! | 最后你会把杯里的水喝下去的 |
[1:15:38] | You don’t know anything. | 你什么都不知道 |
[1:15:39] | You don’t have a reporter’s instincts, okay? | 你根本就没有记者的直觉 知道了吗 |
[1:15:41] | You’re some guy who vanishes silk handkerchiefs | 你只是会把丝绸手帕变没 |
[1:15:43] | and cuts people’s neckties off. | 把人们的领结剪断 |
[1:15:45] | Do everybody a favor. Go back to your card tricks, all right? | 帮大家一下 接着回去变你的戏法去吧 |
[1:15:54] | Did you tell her? | 你告诉她了吗 |
[1:15:56] | I did. I told her. | 我告诉她了 |
[1:15:57] | And I made it seem as though it all suddenly just came to me. | 我说的就好像这些都是 我突然间想明白的一样 |
[1:16:01] | I know I’m right. | 我知道我是对的 |
[1:16:03] | She just won’t listen to me. She hates me. | 她就是不听我的 她恨我 |
[1:16:04] | Yeah. I… You know, | 是的 我… |
[1:16:06] | sometimes, I got to say, I worry about that girl. | 我得说 有时候我很担心那孩子 |
[1:16:09] | I don’t think I’ll be seeing you anymore. | 我觉得我不会再见到你了 |
[1:16:13] | Well, if there’s a scoop to be had here, | 如果那真有什么大新闻的话 |
[1:16:16] | she’s going to get it for you. | 她会帮你搞定的 |
[1:16:18] | You can only cheat death so many times, | 你不可能一直欺骗死亡 |
[1:16:21] | and I’ve used every trick I know. | 我已经用尽了我知道的一切窍门 |
[1:16:23] | You look after her. She’s a decent kid. | 你要好好照顾她 她是个好孩子 |
[1:16:26] | And check his Tarot deck. See if a card’s missing. | 查一下他的塔罗牌 看看是不是缺了一张 |
[1:17:02] | I’m a reporter. | 我是个记者 |
[1:17:04] | I’m doing a story on Elizabeth Gibson, | 我在做关于伊丽莎白·吉布森的报道 |
[1:17:07] | and I know she lived here. | 我知道她死前住在这里 |
[1:17:09] | I didn’t know her. I hardly ever saw her come and go. She was quiet. | 我不认识她 几乎从没见过她 她很安静 |
[1:17:14] | All right. | 好的 |
[1:17:16] | I knew what she did for a living. | 我知道她是靠什么谋生的 |
[1:17:18] | But whether she used to entertain her clients here, or not, I couldn’t say. | 但是她是否在家接待客人 这点我不清楚 |
[1:17:27] | Oh, excuse me. I’m a reporter. | 打扰一下 我是个记者 |
[1:17:33] | And I’m doing a story | 我在做一篇报道 |
[1:17:34] | about Elizabeth Gibson. | 关于伊丽莎白·吉布森的报道 |
[1:17:37] | If there’s any comments, | 如果你对那案子有什么评论 |
[1:17:39] | anything you know about her that l… | 或者你知道她什么情况… |
[1:17:40] | -What paper? What paper are you from? -The Washington Post. | -什么报纸 你是哪家报社的 -华盛顿邮报 |
[1:17:45] | I’m one of the top reporters on the… | 我可是个很出色的记者… |
[1:17:48] | Did you see All the President’s Men? | 你看过”惊天大阴谋”那部电影吗 |
[1:17:50] | I was the short guy. | 我就是里面的那个小个子 |
[1:17:54] | Why is an American paper interested in this? | 为什么美国报纸会对这事感兴趣 |
[1:17:57] | No, no, we are, we are. We’re doing a big story. | 不 我们很感兴趣 我们正在做个大新闻 |
[1:17:59] | The Travel and Leisure section is doing a big spread | 我们旅游与休闲版正在大力宣扬 |
[1:18:02] | on places to avoid like the plague. | 避免这类事件再度发生 |
[1:18:04] | And so, I’m… | 我是… |
[1:18:07] | I’ll make it very worth your while, you know and… | 我不会亏待你的… |
[1:18:11] | All right, all right, all right. I knew Betty Gibson. | 好吧 好吧 我认识贝蒂·吉布森 |
[1:18:15] | Mmm-hmm, and she was very tough. | 嗯 她很坚强 |
[1:18:17] | But I don’t think that she deserved to die. | 她不应该落下这样的下场的 |
[1:18:20] | Did you say Betty Gibson? | 你刚才说贝蒂·吉布森 |
[1:18:23] | Everyone called her Betty. That was her name. | 大家都叫她贝蒂 那就是她的名字 |
[1:18:27] | Really? And did you know any of her clients at all? | 真的 你认识她的客人吗 |
[1:18:34] | I mean, she knew millions of men, didn’t she? She was very sexy. | 她认识成群的男人 不是吗 她很性感火爆 |
[1:18:38] | You know. Not that you’d know that from those pictures. | 不是你在报上见到的那个样子 |
[1:18:43] | She used to be a really pretty baby-faced blonde. | 她以前是个非常漂亮的 娃娃脸的金发美人 |
[1:18:46] | You know, the sort men go nuts for. | 那种令男人痴狂的美人 |
[1:18:48] | A blonde? But in the paper… The pictures in the paper… | 金发 但是报上说…报上的那些照片… |
[1:18:50] | Oh, no, I know, I know. | 不 我知道 我知道 |
[1:18:52] | She made the mistake of cutting it off and dyeing it black. | 她把头发剪掉染成黑色绝对是个错误 |
[1:18:54] | God knows why. | 谁知道究竟是为什么 |
[1:18:56] | Maybe it’s to please one of her regulars. | 也许是为了取悦她的常客 |
[1:18:59] | She had steady clients? | 她有常客 |
[1:19:02] | Well, yeah, one for sure. | 是的 至少有一个 |
[1:19:03] | Look, these guys never use their real names, okay? | 这些家伙从来不用他们的真实姓名 知道吗 |
[1:19:06] | But there was this one rich kid that she saw a lot. | 但是他们中有一个很富有的小子 她经常见他 |
[1:19:10] | And his name was Peter. | 他叫彼得 |
[1:19:14] | Peter what? | 彼得什么 |
[1:19:16] | Peter… Peter Yardley. Peter Yardley? | 彼得…彼得·耶德烈 彼得·耶德烈 |
[1:19:19] | Yardley. Yardley. | 耶德烈 耶德烈 |
[1:19:21] | -Hello? -Hello, this is Mr. Spence. | -喂 -喂 我是思朋斯先生 |
[1:19:25] | Sid. Sid Waterman Spence. | 西德尼 西德尼·沃特曼·思朋斯 |
[1:19:30] | This is Sid Waterman Spence. Where have I called? | 我是西德尼·沃特曼·思朋斯 你那是哪里 |
[1:19:34] | Oh, hello, Sidney. It’s Peter Lyman. | 哦 你好 西德尼 我是彼得·莱曼 |
[1:19:38] | Sondra and l are spending the weekend at my father’s country house. | 桑德拉和我这周末 在我父亲的乡村别墅里 |
[1:19:42] | You could have come. | 你也应该一起来的 |
[1:19:43] | That’s okay. She gave me this number to call. May I speak with her? | 没什么 她给我这个号码的 我能和她谈谈吗 |
[1:19:48] | Yes, one second. | 好的 等一下 |
[1:19:57] | Hi, Sidney. | 嗨 西德尼 |
[1:19:58] | Listen, I got a treasure trove of information here. | 听着 我这有非常重要的信息 |
[1:20:02] | I just was snooping with… | 我刚才在到处打探消息… |
[1:20:05] | On Elizabeth Gibson. | 关于伊丽莎白·吉布森的消息 |
[1:20:07] | She’s called Betty. Betty! She’s called Betty. | 她的名字叫贝蒂 贝蒂 她叫贝蒂 |
[1:20:10] | And she had some kind of a long relationship… | 她有一个常客… |
[1:20:14] | A special relationship with some young guy, Peter. | 和一个叫彼得的家伙有很特殊的关系 |
[1:20:17] | The last name doesn’t click, but I’m sure it’s the same. | 当然姓不一样 但是我确信就是同一个人 |
[1:20:22] | This is crazy. | 你疯了 |
[1:20:25] | Look, stop making trouble, Sidney. The case is closed. | 听着 别再惹麻烦了 西德尼 这案子已经结了 |
[1:20:28] | Listen, this thing adds up. | 你听好 这些事情都联系起来了 |
[1:20:31] | You’re alone up there with a very, very dangerous man. | 你现在一个人 在和一个非常非常危险人在一起 |
[1:20:36] | That’s two verys. | 我说了两个”非常” |
[1:20:37] | You got to get back to town right away. | 你得马上回城里来 |
[1:20:40] | Sidney, if I thought there was a shred of proof, | 西德尼 如果真的有哪怕那么一丁点 可靠的证据的话 |
[1:20:42] | I would never let my personal feelings get involved, all right? | 我是绝对不会 把我个人的感情牵扯进来的 好吗 |
[1:20:46] | The truth is, I’m crazy about the guy. | 现在我疯狂的爱上了这个人 |
[1:20:47] | I can’t keep obsessing over tantalizing conspiracy theories. | 我不能总是被这些焦虑的阴谋理论所困扰 |
[1:20:57] | You know, I’m sure that he killed her | 我确信是他杀了她 |
[1:21:00] | and made it look like a Tarot killing. | 而且把这个案子伪装成塔罗牌杀手干的 |
[1:21:03] | You know, you don’t see it because you got stars in your eyes. | 你看不到这些完全是因为 你已经被他迷惑住了 |
[1:21:07] | Look, I don’t… This is crazy! I don’t want to talk about this anymore. | 我没有…这太荒唐了 我不想再和你谈这个了 |
[1:21:10] | It’s too upsetting for me, all right? | 这事太令我心烦了 好吗 |
[1:21:12] | Let me have my nice weekend. | 让我过个愉快的周末吧 |
[1:21:14] | I’ll talk to you when I get back. | 我回来后再和你聊 |
[1:21:15] | Stop putting these paranoid thoughts in my head! | 不要再向我灌输这些疯狂的想法了 |
[1:21:19] | -Is Sidney okay? -Yes, yes. | -西德尼还好吗 -是的 是的 |
[1:21:21] | You know, I love Sidney, I really do, | 我爱西德尼 我真的爱他 |
[1:21:24] | but he’s just… He’s got a part missing, you know, he’s crazy! | 但是 他…他不正常 他疯了 |
[1:21:26] | -Yes, really? -Mmm-hmm. | -是吗 -嗯 |
[1:21:28] | Like what? | 比如呢 |
[1:21:29] | We’ll talk about it later. | 我们一会再谈 |
[1:21:31] | -Let me change, okay? -Mmm-Hmm. | -我先去换衣服 好吗 -嗯 |
[1:21:53] | Yes? Oh, yes, sir. | 什么事 哦 是你 先生 |
[1:21:55] | Yes. My daughter is in the country with Mr. Lyman. | 我女儿现在和莱曼先生在乡村别墅 |
[1:21:59] | And I’m gonna be driving up there later and she asked me | 我一会要开车去那里 |
[1:22:03] | if I could pick up her red cashmere sweater. | 她叫我带上她的红色羊绒毛衣 |
[1:22:05] | She thinks she left it upstairs. | 她可能落在楼上了 |
[1:22:06] | Red cashmere? | 红色羊绒毛衣 |
[1:22:07] | Yes, it’s a red sweater. It’s a kind of a red, tomato red, | 是的 是件红色毛衣 是那种番茄红 |
[1:22:10] | Iike a fire engine. A red. A rouge. | 像消防车的那种红 红色 红色 |
[1:22:12] | -I understand, sir. Red. -Yes, yes. | -我明白 先生 红色 -是的 是的 |
[1:22:15] | I’ll see if I can find it. | 我去看看能不能找到 |
[1:23:21] | Sir? | 先生 |
[1:23:23] | Oh, I was just checking out the Stradivarius. | 哦 我在看那些弦乐 |
[1:23:27] | I play a few pieces myself on the violin. | 我演奏过一些小提琴乐曲 |
[1:23:29] | Prokofiev and Bartok, the Hot Canary… | 普罗科菲耶夫 巴托克什么的… |
[1:23:32] | But Mr. Lyman is the only person to have the combination to that room. | 只有莱曼先生才知道这房间的密码 |
[1:23:35] | Yes, but he wanted to share it with me because, you know, | 是的 但是莱曼先生告诉了我 |
[1:23:38] | in case something happened, | 以防 以防有什么事情发生 |
[1:23:40] | you know, life is very capricious. | 你也知道 人生难测嘛 |
[1:23:42] | A stroke, a sudden embolism or lightning… You know l… | 中风 意外脑血栓 不幸… |
[1:23:46] | Darling, I love you. I mean that sincerely. | 亲爱的 我爱你 我是真心的 |
[1:23:48] | You’re a wonderful woman, | 你是个了不起的女人 |
[1:23:49] | you’re a tremendous servant and a credit to your race. | 你是个出色的仆人 是人类的榜样 |
[1:23:51] | And I mean that. From the bottom of my heart I say that to you. | 我是真心的 这些都是我的肺腑之言 |
[1:23:54] | I notice you didn’t get the red sweater. | 你没有拿红毛衣下来 |
[1:23:55] | She probably left it in another bedroom. | 大概她把它落在别的卧室了 |
[1:23:57] | You know, she’s got a little problem with promiscuity. | 这孩子有点没条理 |
[1:23:59] | But… | 但是… |
[1:24:01] | So, I’ll be going. I’ll call you. We’ll have lunch. | 那我走了 我会给你打电话的 我们一起吃午餐 |
[1:24:12] | Mr. Lyman, sir, Mr. Spence has been here and he’s been into the music room. | 莱曼先生 思朋斯先生来过这 他去了音乐室 |
[1:24:17] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[1:24:19] | A most unusual sequence of events. | 整个事情都非常奇怪 |
[1:24:21] | Mr. Spence came by looking for his daughter’s sweater. | 思朋斯先生来这 说是要找他女儿的毛衣 |
[1:24:23] | Said she’d requested it. | 说她叫他来拿的 |
[1:24:25] | Next thing I knew, he was in the music room. | 之后我所知的就是 他在音乐室 |
[1:24:28] | Sir, I think he’d been drinking, from his behavior. | 先生 根据他的举止 我觉得他喝醉了 |
[1:24:31] | Yes, yes. | 是的 没错 |
[1:24:34] | Yes. Okay, Margaret, thank you. Goodbye. | 好的 玛格丽特 谢谢你 再见 |
[1:24:38] | Is everything okay? | 一切都还好吗 |
[1:24:39] | Yes. Yes, it will be. | 是的 会好起来的 |
[1:25:57] | It’s so nice to be out here with you, just away | 和你一起出来真高兴 |
[1:26:01] | -from the rest of the world and… -Hmm. | -就这样远离尘世…-嗯 |
[1:26:03] | Yes, I often come out here to read and, well, and fish. | 是的 我经常来这读书 钓鱼 |
[1:26:08] | There’s trout in the lake. | 这湖里有鲑鱼 |
[1:26:18] | What are you thinking about? | 你在想什么 |
[1:26:21] | -You really want to know? -Yes. | -你真的想知道 -是的 |
[1:26:25] | Just how ironic life is, and tragic. | 我在想人生是如此的 充满讽刺 如此悲哀 |
[1:26:28] | Why? | 为什么 |
[1:26:30] | Well, that I met you by rescuing you from drowning | 我在游泳池救了你 而和你相识 |
[1:26:34] | and found you totally enchanting | 我发现你是如此的迷人 |
[1:26:37] | and now we’ve come full cycle and, alas, you’re going to have to drown. | 但是现在我们绕了一大圈 哎 到头来你还是要淹死 |
[1:26:43] | What? | 什么 |
[1:26:45] | Oh, I imagine by now Sidney’s confirmed that I killed Betty Gibson. | 哦 我想现在西德尼确信 是我杀了贝蒂·吉布森 |
[1:26:48] | I mean, in my own defense, there really was no other way out. | 我只能说除此之外我别无他法 |
[1:26:51] | At first I managed to hide my identity from her, | 开始我对她隐瞒了我的身份 |
[1:26:54] | but I saw her too many times over the years | 但是这些年我见了她太多面 |
[1:26:57] | and she learned who I was, and… | 她后来知道了我的身份 而且… |
[1:27:00] | Well, it became a constant demand for money | 后来变成了不断的索取金钱 |
[1:27:02] | and I just could not let that go on, could l? | 我不能任其发展 是不是 |
[1:27:05] | I mean, my whole life and career | 我的整个人生和事业 |
[1:27:07] | would be just hostage to her moods at all times. | 将完全任由她的心情而支配 |
[1:27:12] | So, I studied the Tarot case, | 所以 我研究了塔罗牌案件 |
[1:27:15] | I rehearsed my plan, and, well, you know the rest. | 我安排了我的计划 剩下的你应该都知道了 |
[1:27:17] | If you do something to me, Sidney’s gonna find out! | 你要是敢对我怎么样的话 西德尼会发现的 |
[1:27:19] | He’ll tell someone. | 他会再告诉别人的 |
[1:27:20] | No, no, no. You see, you will go in a boating accident, | 不 不会 你会死于划船意外 |
[1:27:23] | and Sidney will go later tonight. | 今晚晚些时候就轮到西德尼了 |
[1:27:25] | No one knows of your relationship with him, | 没有人知道你和他的关系 |
[1:27:28] | because, after all, you’re not actually father and daughter, are you? | 因为你们根本就不是真正的父女关系 |
[1:27:31] | And no one will think twice to investigate the death of some obscure vaud… | 不会有人调查这种不起眼的死亡 |
[1:27:34] | Are you listening? | 你在听我说吗 |
[1:27:35] | No one will think twice to investigate the death | 根本就不会有人调查 |
[1:27:37] | of some obscure vaudevillian called Splendini, | 这个不起眼的 和我毫不相干的 |
[1:27:39] | who is really a stranger to me. | 名叫思朋兰迪尼的杂耍演员 |
[1:27:42] | Help! | 救命 |
[1:27:43] | Help! Someone help me! | 救命 救命啊 |
[1:27:54] | Yes, very quiet, isn’t it? | 这里非常安静 不是吗 |
[1:27:58] | This is the advantage of a private lake. | 这就是私人湖区的优点 |
[1:28:05] | Get off me! Get off me! | 放开我 放开我 |
[1:28:08] | Get off me! Come… | 放开我… |
[1:29:29] | Yes, police. | 接警察 |
[1:29:32] | Yes, this is Peter Lyman. I need the police immediately. | 我是彼得·莱曼 请马上派警察到我家来 |
[1:29:36] | At the Lyman estate. | 在莱曼庄园 |
[1:29:39] | There’s been a terrible boating accident. A woman has drowned. | 发生了一起可怕的划船意外 有个女人淹死了 |
[1:29:42] | It’s awful. Please come right away. | 太可怕了 请快点赶过来 |
[1:29:44] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[1:29:53] | They think they know where the body is. | 他们知道尸体在什么地方了 |
[1:29:55] | I’m so sorry, sir. | 很抱歉 先生 |
[1:30:00] | When last I saw her, she… | 我最后一次见她的时候 她… |
[1:30:06] | She just said she wanted to go out there to communicate with nature. | 她只说她想去那感受一下自然 |
[1:30:10] | Just to think she wanted some peace and quiet and… | 我以为她只是想寻找一些安详平和… |
[1:30:12] | She wasn’t depressed, or anything like that, was she, sir? | 她没有出现精神沮丧 或者类似的情况吗 先生 |
[1:30:14] | God, no. No. | 天 没有 没有 |
[1:30:15] | I mean, unless she was keeping it from me. | 除非她刻意瞒着我 |
[1:30:18] | You heard no cries for help? | 你没有听到呼救的哭喊声 |
[1:30:20] | No! No, I was listening to music in here, damn it. | 没有 我当时在听音乐 真是 |
[1:30:24] | It’s just so ironic. | 真的是很讽刺 |
[1:30:25] | Because the way I first met her | 我第一次遇到她的时候 |
[1:30:27] | I rescued her from drowning in our club pool. | 在我们俱乐部的游泳池里救了她 |
[1:30:29] | And she was a very, very weak swimmer. | 她非常非常不擅长游泳 |
[1:30:32] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[1:30:35] | I was faking it at the pool to get your attention. | 我刚才在湖里是假装那样 好吸引你的注意力 |
[1:30:38] | Actually, I used to be captain of the Brooklyn Community Swim Team. | 事实上 我以前是布鲁克林社区游泳队长 |
[1:30:55] | Fascinating observation. | 你的观察太仔细了 |
[1:30:57] | Lyman lost a cufflink at the flat of a prostitute, | 莱曼在妓女家掉了一粒袖扣 |
[1:31:00] | who was later killed by the Tarot Card Killer. | 而那妓女晚些时候被塔罗牌凶手杀害 |
[1:31:04] | Well, this upright chap certainly enjoyed patronizing some dodgy women. | 这家伙真是喜欢光顾那些危险的女人 |
[1:31:08] | Unfortunately for Elizabeth Gibson, she elected to blackmail him. | 不幸的是伊丽莎白·吉布森 她选择了敲诈他 |
[1:31:12] | It’s a beautifully written story | 这个报道写的很好 |
[1:31:15] | and one of the best bits of investigative journalism in a long time. | 是长久以来最好的调查报道之一 |
[1:31:19] | And this paper is proud to run it. | 我们很荣幸的要发表它 |
[1:31:21] | Oh, I have to share the credit with Joe Strombel. | 哦 这得感谢乔·斯特劳博 |
[1:31:24] | An inspiration, | 他是我的灵感 |
[1:31:25] | who taught me more than I could ever explain to anyone. | 他教给了我很多东西 |
[1:31:27] | And to the late Sidney Waterman. | 还有刚刚过世得西德尼·沃特曼 |
[1:31:31] | Splendini. | 思朋兰迪尼 |
[1:31:32] | A nice guy who helped out with the investigation | 他在调查过程中给予了我很大的帮助 |
[1:31:35] | and without whom I never could have made it. | 没有他我是不会取得今天的成绩的 |
[1:31:39] | Sidney, wherever you are, | 西德尼 无论你现在身在何处 |
[1:31:42] | I’ll never forget you. | 我都不会忘记你 |
[1:31:46] | How did you get here? | 你是怎么到这来的 |
[1:31:47] | Me? | 我吗 |
[1:31:49] | I couldn’t get used to driving on the goddamn wrong side of the street! | 我不习惯在马路的另一边驾驶汽车 |
[1:31:52] | You know, I was driving up to the country, | 我是在开车前往乡村的路上 |
[1:31:54] | and in the United States, | 要是在美国的话 |
[1:31:55] | I would have been a hero. I would have saved her. | 我会成为英雄的 我是可以救她的 |
[1:31:57] | I would have… | 我可以… |
[1:31:59] | But here, you know… That’s the one drawback of living in London. | 但是 现在我在这里…这就是在伦敦生活的一个弊端 |
[1:32:01] | Granted, the theater’s better, there’s many good lndian restaurants. | 当然了 那里的剧院更好 也有很多好吃的印度餐馆 |
[1:32:04] | Well, what did you do? | 你是干什么的 |
[1:32:06] | What do I do? I’m Splendini. Magician. | 我是干什么的 我是思朋兰迪尼 魔术师 |
[1:32:09] | -Would you like to see something? -Oh, yes, please. | -你想看点什么吗 -哦 当然 请吧 |
[1:32:11] | -Do we have time for a card trick? -Yes. | -我们有时间表演个纸牌戏法吗 -当然 |
[1:32:13] | I believe we have eternity. | 我相信我们有的是时间 |
[1:32:15] | I’m going to show you a little trick now. | 我看给你们表演一个小戏法 |
[1:32:18] | I just want to say from the bottom of my heart, I mean this sincerely… | 我只是想从我内心深处对你们说… |
[1:32:21] | I say this with all due respect. | 我这么说是真心的 |
[1:32:23] | You are a wonderful group and a fantastic group of people. | 你们是个了不起的团体 非常优秀的一群人 |
[1:32:25] | I love you and I feel that coming back from you. | 我爱你们 从你们身上我也感受到了你们对我的爱 |
[1:32:28] | And you may be deceased, but you should not be discouraged. | 你们可能是已故的亡者 但是你们不应该就此气馁 |
[1:32:33] | Because, you know… | 因为…你知道… |
[1:32:34] | Don’t think of being dead as a handicap. | 不要把死亡当作一种障碍 |
[1:32:37] | You know, when I was a child, I stuttered. | 我小时候是个结巴 |
[1:32:39] | But with stick-to-it-iveness and perseverance, | 但是凭着坚定不移的决心 |
[1:32:41] | you know, you can never tell what could happen. | 你永远预想不到将会发生什么事情 |
[1:32:43] | Now, I want you to take a card, Alma. | 阿尔玛 现在我要你挑张牌 |
[1:32:45] | Go ahead, take any card you want. | 来吧 任意选一张牌 |
[1:32:46] | Just pick it. Pick it. Go ahead, sweetheart. | 选一张 来吧 亲爱的 |
[1:32:48] | I love you, sweetheart. That’s fantastic. | 我爱你 亲爱的 真的是太棒了 |