英文名称:Scent of a Woman
年代:1992
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:59] | I wish you wouldn’t do that around me. It’s so filthy! | 在我身边最好别抽 太恶心了 |
[03:02] | -Don’t give me a problem about the cigarettes any more. -It’s such a filthy habit. | -别再烦我了 -这是坏习惯 |
[03:05] | Oh,my God! Look at this. | 老天! 看这玩意 |
[03:10] | -Oh, Jesus! -This is so appalling! | -上帝! -太过份了! |
[03:15] | I can’t believe it! | 难以置信 |
[03:17] | I can’t believe they gave it to him. | 竟然会给他 |
[03:26] | Ah, this is pathetic! | 真悲惨 |
[03:28] | Now he’s a loser with a jaguar. | 开捷豹的失败虫 |
[03:30] | Seriously, who did he have to blow to get that thing? | 到底他拍对了谁的马屁? |
[03:35] | -Good morning, sir. -Mr. Willis. | -早上好 先生 -威利斯早 |
[03:37] | -It’s really, uh -Mr. Trask! | -这小车真是 -特拉斯克早 |
[03:40] | quite a piece of machinery. | 一部好车 |
[03:42] | -Good morning, Havemeyer. -Morning to you, sir. | -早上好 海夫梅 -您早 先生 |
[03:45] | -Bene! -Bene? | -美妙! -美妙? |
[03:47] | -Bene! Fabulous! -What’s fabulous? | -美妙 非常美妙! -什么美妙? |
[03:49] | That fine piece of steel you have back there. | 您开的那小玩意儿 |
[03:52] | Ah, you don’t think I deserve it. | 你觉得我不配 |
[03:54] | No, sir. On the contrary. I think it’s great. | 不 相反 我认为很相配 |
[03:58] | Why should the headmaster of Baird be seen putt-putting around in some junker? | 博德的校长怎能开破车呢? |
[04:03] | In fact, I think the board of trustees | 实际上 我认为董事会 |
[04:05] | have had their first true stroke of inspiration in some time. | 早有此意了吧 |
[04:09] | Thank you, Havemeyer. I’ll take that at face value. | 谢谢 海夫梅 我照单收下 |
[04:13] | I’d expect nothing less, sir. | 正合我意 先生 |
[04:15] | Have a good day. | 祝您有个美好的一天 |
[04:20] | -Morning, Mrs. Hunsaker. -Good morning. | -早上好 亨塞克太太 -早上好 |
[04:22] | What have we here, Murderer’s Row? | 这堆是什么? 杀人犯名单? |
[04:32] | -What was that about? -Nothing. Just saying hello. | -你们讲什么? -没什么 打声招呼而已 |
[04:34] | I like to say hello to Headmaster Trask. | 我喜欢跟校长特拉斯克打招呼 |
[04:38] | Sugarbush. Lift tickets and condo vouchers. | 甘蔗丛 滑雪场门票和渡假产屋收据 |
[04:41] | -I thought we were going to Stowe. -Sugarbush is Stowe, Jimmy. | -我们不是要去斯朵吗? -甘蔗丛就在斯朵 吉米 |
[04:45] | I’m sure we’re doing it right. Thanksgiving in Vermont, Christmas in Switzerland. | 感恩节在维蒙 圣诞节到瑞士 |
[04:49] | -Christmas in Gstaad is gonna cost us… -‘Staad. | -去瑞士吉斯达会花费… -斯达 |
[04:51] | The “G” is silent, ‘Staad. George? | G不发音 念斯达 乔治? |
[04:55] | -‘Staad. -Trent? | -斯达 -特伦特? |
[04:56] | -‘Staad, man. -So what about ‘Staad? | -斯达 -斯达怎么了? |
[04:59] | Fine. The “G” may be silent, | 好吧 G也许不发音 |
[05:00] | but it’s gonna take at least three grand to get there. | 但去那儿少说也要三千元 |
[05:03] | -I’ll talk to my father. -Better yet, have my father talk to your father. | -我要打电话给我爸 -最好快点 要不让我爸爸打给你爸爸 |
[05:07] | Or my father talk to your father. | 或者我爸爸打给你爸爸 |
[05:12] | You going home this weekend, Chas? | 周末回家吗 查里? |
[05:15] | Uh, I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[05:17] | You going home to fucking Idaho for Thanksgiving? | 你要回他妈的爱达荷吗? |
[05:20] | I’m from Oregon. | 我家在奥勒冈 |
[05:22] | I meant fucking Oregon. | 他妈的奥勒冈 |
[05:24] | Charlie, how do you feel about skiing? | 查尔斯 想不想去滑雪? |
[05:27] | You in the mood for the white-bosomed slopes of Vermont? | 徜徉在白茫茫的维蒙州? |
[05:32] | Got a deal going, kid. Twenty-percent off for my friends. | 优惠价 我的朋友打八折 |
[05:35] | My father set it up. Christmas in Switzerland. | 我爸安排的 圣诞节就去瑞士斯达 |
[05:38] | -‘Staad. -Gstaad. Dropping the “G” is phony. | -斯达 -吉斯达 没有G是山寨的 |
[05:40] | -You said everybody says ‘Staad. -Not if you’ve been there. | -你说念斯达的 -你又没去过 |
[05:44] | Easter in Bermuda, then Kentucky Derby weekend. | 复活节去百慕达 然后是肯塔基大赛马 |
[05:47] | We could fit you in, kid. | 我们一道去 |
[05:49] | Well, how much are these white-bosomed slopes of Vermont? | 去白茫茫的维蒙要多少钱? |
[05:53] | Twelve hundred | 一千二百 |
[05:55] | Includes a nine-course, champagne thanksgiving dinner. | 含九道大菜香槟晚餐 |
[05:59] | Twelve hundred dollars is a little rich for my blood, Harry. | 一千二对我而言是多了 |
[06:03] | Well, how short are you? | 你差多少? |
[06:05] | How short, Harry? | 差多少? |
[06:07] | So short it wouldn’t be worth the trouble of you and George to measure. | 差到你和乔治根本不必问 |
[06:11] | -But, thanks for asking, all right? | -还是谢谢你的邀请 |
[06:14] | -If you change your mind -What’d you do that for? You know he’s on aid. | -如果你改变心意的话 -何必问他? 你知道他靠奖学金的 |
[06:19] | On major holidays, Willis, it’s customary for the lord of the manor | 假期里富人总愿 |
[06:21] | -to offer drippings to the poor. -You’re so full of shit! | -施舍穷者 -你真臭屁! |
[06:51] | -Hi. Mrs. Rossi? -Yes | -罗丝太太吗? -是的 |
[06:54] | I’m here about the weekend job. | 我是来应聘周末工作的 |
[06:58] | Come on in. | 请进 |
[07:04] | Does he got pimples? He hates pimples. | 有没有粉刺? 他痛恨粉刺 |
[07:07] | Francine, be quiet. | 弗朗辛 安静点 |
[07:09] | Pimples. Pimple. Yeah. | 粉刺 粉刺 |
[07:12] | Shush! I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[07:15] | -The school gave me your name, but I’ve forgotten it. -It’s Charlie Simms. | -学校给了我你的名字 但是我忘了 -查尔斯·西门 |
[07:18] | -How are you, Charlie? -Fine, thanks. | -你好吗? -很好 谢谢 |
[07:20] | Right this way. | 往这儿 |
[07:25] | -You’re available the whole weekend? -Uh, yeah. | -这周末都有空吗? -是的 |
[07:29] | -Not going home for Thanksgiving? -No. | -不回家过感恩节? -不回去 |
[07:31] | Good. | 很好 |
[07:34] | They put him in a veteran’s home, but he hated it, | 本来他在退伍军人之家 但他讨厌那里 |
[07:37] | so I told my dad that we’d take him. | 我和我爸就接他来了 |
[07:41] | Before you go in, do you mind my telling you a few things? | 进去之前先听我说 |
[07:45] | Don’t “sir” him and don’t ask him too many questions. | 不要称他长官 别问太多 |
[07:49] | And if he staggers a little when he gets up, don’t pay any attention. | 他站不起来时 别去扶他 |
[07:54] | Charlie, I can tell you’re the right person for the job. | 我一看就知道你能胜任 |
[07:59] | and Uncle Frank’s gonna like you a lot too. | 弗兰克叔叔一定会喜欢你 |
[08:03] | Uh, where you gonna be this weekend? | 周末你们要去哪里? |
[08:05] | We’re driving to Albany. | 开车去奥尔巴尼 |
[08:07] | Donny, my husband, has family there. | 唐尼 我先生 他家在那儿 |
[08:17] | -Do you want Tommy in or out? -Leave him out! | -要不要汤米出去? -出去! |
[08:20] | He’s chasing that Calico ginch from the track houses again! | 他又在追小野猫了! |
[08:30] | Down deep, the man is a lump of sugar. | 别害怕 其实他甜的跟糖似的 |
[08:53] | -Sir? -Don’t call me sir! | -长官? -少叫我长官! |
[08:57] | I’m sorry. I mean mister, sir. | 抱歉 我是说先生 长官 |
[09:00] | Uh-oh, we got a moron here, is that it? | 来了个白痴 是吗? |
[09:04] | No, mister… Uh, that is… | 不 先生… 呃… |
[09:08] | Uh, Lieutenant. Yes, sir, Lieu… | 中尉 是的 长官 中… |
[09:11] | Lieutenant Colonel. | 中校 |
[09:14] | 26 years on the line, nobody ever busted me four grades before. | 服役26年了 从没有人连降我四级 |
[09:18] | Get in here, you idiot! | 进来 笨蛋 |
[09:27] | Come a little closer. I wanna get a better look at you. | 靠近点 我想看清楚 |
[09:38] | How’s your skin, son? | 你的皮肤怎样? |
[09:40] | My skin, sir? | 我皮肤 长官? |
[09:43] | -Oh, for Christ’s sake. -I’m sorry, I don’… | -妈呀 上帝 -对不起, 我… |
[09:47] | Just call me Frank. Call me Mr. Slade. | 叫我弗兰克 叫我史雷得先生 |
[09:50] | Call me Colonel, if you must. Just don’t call me sir. | 叫我中校 随你便 就是别叫我长官 |
[09:54] | All right, Colonel. | 好的 中校 |
[09:59] | Simms Charles. A senior. | 西门·查尔斯 一个毕业班的学生 |
[10:02] | -You on student aid, Simms? -Uh, yes, I am. | -你拿奖学金的 西门? -是的 |
[10:06] | For “student aid” read “crook.” | 该叫奖学金为罪犯 |
[10:09] | Your father peddles car telephones at a 300% markup. | 你父亲卖的电话加价了300% |
[10:12] | Your mother works on heavy commission in a camera store. | 你母亲在照像馆上班有很多提成 |
[10:16] | Graduated to it from espresso machines. | 最会烧特浓咖啡 |
[10:25] | What are you, dying of some wasting disease? | 你呢 患了什么萎缩病吗? |
[10:30] | No, I’m right. I’m right here. | 没有 我很好 我就在这儿 |
[10:33] | I know exactly where your body is. | 我知道你的躯壳在那儿 |
[10:37] | What I’m looking for is some indication of a brain. | 我看重的是脑子 |
[10:41] | Too much football without a helmet? | 踢足球把脑子踢坏了? |
[10:44] | Hah! Lyndon’s line on Gerry Ford. | 詹森总统评福特总统 |
[10:48] | Deputy Debriefer, Paris Peace Talks, ’68. | 我负责简报 巴黎和谈 1968 |
[10:52] | Snagged the Silver Star and a silver bar. Threw me into G2. | 得完”银星”得”银熊” 调我去G2 |
[10:56] | G2? | 情报大队吗? |
[10:58] | Intelligence, of which you have none. | 聪明人才能做 你不够格 |
[11:05] | Where’re you from? | 你哪里的? |
[11:07] | Um, Gresham, Oregon, | 葛逊 奥勒冈 |
[11:10] | Colonel. | 中校 |
[11:12] | What does your daddy do in Gresham, Oregon? | 爸爸在奥勒冈做什么的? |
[11:15] | Hmm? Count wood chips? | 数碎木片? |
[11:19] | Uh, my stepfather and my mom run a convenience store. | 继父和妈妈开便利商店 |
[11:23] | -How convenient! What time they open? -5:00 A.M. | -真便利 什么时候开门? -早上5点 |
[11:28] | -Close? -1:00 A.M. | -关门呢? -凌晨1点 |
[11:30] | Hard workers. | 很卖力 |
[11:32] | You got me all misty-eyed! | 真叫我热泪盈眶! |
[11:38] | So, what are you doing here in this sparrow-fart town? | 那你在这鸟不拉屎的地方干嘛? |
[11:42] | I, I… I attend Baird. | 我…我念博德 |
[11:46] | Attend Baird! | 念博德! |
[11:49] | I know you go to the Baird school. | 我知道你上博德 |
[11:52] | Point is, how do you afford it, | 问题是 你怎么上的起 |
[11:55] | even with the student aid and the folks back home hustling corn nuts? | 就算有奖学金和父母努力卖玉米? |
[11:59] | I won a, uh, Young America merit scholarship. | 我还得了一个年轻美国之光奖学金 |
[12:08] | Glory, glory Hallelujah | 荣耀 荣耀属我主 |
[12:12] | Glory, glory Hallelujah | 荣耀 荣耀属我主 |
[12:19] | -Who’s there? | -是谁? |
[12:21] | -That little piece of tail? | -那小不点? |
[12:26] | Get her outta here! | 叫她走开! |
[12:40] | Can’t believe they’re my blood. | 难以置信竟然是我的种 |
[12:48] | I.Q. of sloths and the manners of banshees. | 懒鬼般的智商 女鬼般的礼貌 |
[12:52] | He’s a mechanic, she’s a homemaker. | 她爹是技工 她娘是管家 |
[12:54] | He knows as much about cars as a beauty queen, | 他很懂车 |
[12:57] | and she bakes cookies, taste like wing nuts. | 而她烤的小饼脆又香 |
[13:01] | As for the tots, they’re twits. | 生的孩子 却是白痴 |
[13:04] | How’s your skin, son? I like my aides to be presentable. | 你的皮肤如何? 我的助理要是个像样点的 |
[13:10] | Well, I… I’ve had a few zits. | 我… 我有几颗青春痘 |
[13:14] | Um, but my roommate, he lent me his Clinique because he’s from | 但是我室友借我保养霜 他是 |
[13:19] | “The History of My Skin” by Charles Simms. | 《我的皮肤史》查尔斯·西门著 |
[13:23] | You patronizing me, peewee? Hmm? | 你在唬我? |
[13:28] | You giving me that old prep school palaver? | 名校的那套屁话? |
[13:31] | Baird School! | 博德学院! |
[13:34] | A bunch of runny-nosed snots in tweed jackets… | 流着鼻涕穿苏格兰呢的小鬼… |
[13:37] | all studying to be George Bush. | 个个都想当乔治·布什 |
[13:44] | I believe President Bush went to Andover, Colonel. | 布什总统念的是安杜佛学院吧 中校 |
[13:50] | You sharpshooting me, punk? | 你挑我毛病? |
[13:54] | Is that what you’re doing? | 是不是? |
[13:56] | Don’t you sharpshoot me! | 少跟我鸡蛋里挑骨头! |
[13:59] | You’ll give me forty. | 先做四十下伏地挺身 |
[14:01] | Then you’re gonna give me forty more. | 然后再四十 |
[14:04] | Then you’re gonna pull K.P., the grease pit! | 然后就以为能当重任了?! |
[14:07] | I’ll rub your nose in enlisted men’s crud | 我会按着你的头浸油槽 |
[14:12] | till you don’t know which end is up! You understand? | 直到你分不清方向! 明白吗? |
[14:16] | Yeah. | 明白 |
[14:18] | -What do you want? -What do you mean, what do I want? | -你要什么? -您什么意思? |
[14:21] | What do you want here? | 你来这儿干什么? |
[14:26] | I wa-want a job. | 我想要一份工作 |
[14:28] | A job! | 一个工作! |
[14:30] | Yeah, I want a job so I can make, you know, | 我想要一份工作好赚钱 |
[14:32] | my plane fare home for Christmas. | 买机票回家过圣诞 |
[14:38] | God, you’re touching! | 上帝 真令人感动 |
[15:13] | Still here, poormouth? | 还没走 哭穷鬼? |
[15:18] | Convenience store…my ass! | 便利店…我的妈! |
[15:23] | Hustling jalapeno dips to the appleseeds. | 忙着给老乡拌调味酱 |
[15:29] | Go on. | 去吧 |
[15:31] | Dismissed. | 解散 |
[15:35] | Dismissed! | 解散! |
[15:51] | -Mrs. Rossi? | -罗丝太太? |
[15:53] | Charlie, we’re up here! Come on up. | 查理 我们在这儿 上来吧 |
[15:58] | -Uh, this is Donny. -Hey, Charlie. | -这是唐尼 -查理 |
[16:03] | Uh, Mrs. Rossi, I got the feeling I screwed up. | 罗丝太太 我想我搞砸了 |
[16:06] | -Oh, you couldn’t have. -It was a bad interview. | -不会啦 -糟糕的面试 |
[16:10] | That was no interview, Charlie. You’re it. | 没有面试 查理 就是你 |
[16:12] | You’re the only one that showed up. You have to take the job. | 只有你来应征 你一定要做这个工作 |
[16:16] | He sleeps a lot. You can watch television, call your girlfriend. | 他睡的多 你可以看电视 打电话给女友 |
[16:20] | I promise you, an easy 300 bucks. | 我向你保证 轻轻松松赚三百块钱 |
[16:22] | I don’t get an easy feeling. | 我可不觉得轻松 |
[16:30] | His bark is worse than his bite. | 他急躁但无恶意 |
[16:33] | You know he was a great soldier, a real hero. | 以前他是个真正的大战英雄 |
[16:36] | The man grows on you | 能交心的那种人 |
[16:39] | By Sunday night, you’ll be best friends. | 到星期天你们就成哥儿们了 |
[16:44] | Charlie, please. | 拜托了 查理 |
[16:47] | I want to get away for a few days, and Uncle Frank won’t come with us. | 我和唐尼想离开一阵子 但是弗兰克叔叔不会和我们一起走 |
[16:51] | Six months ago, he could sometimes tell light from dark, | 六个月前他还看得见光 |
[16:55] | but now there’s nothing. | 但是现在什么都看不到了 |
[16:57] | I feel better having someone else around just in case. | 有人陪他我比较放心 |
[17:06] | Please? | 帮帮忙? |
[17:11] | Okay, Mrs. Rossi. Sure. | 好吧 罗丝太太 |
[17:14] | -Thank you, Charlie. -Come here, you. | -太谢谢你了查理 -过来吧你 |
[17:26] | There you go. | 给你 |
[17:28] | Chas! Chas, hold up! | 查理! 查理 等等! |
[17:32] | -How you doing? -I’m good. | -你怎么样? -很好 |
[17:34] | That’s great. | 那不错 |
[17:36] | This can’t go out. This is on reserve. | 这本不能借 是参考书 |
[17:42] | Here’s the thing. | 老实说吧 |
[17:44] | I need the book tonight | 今晚我需要这本书 |
[17:47] | -for a Thanksgiving quiz with big-shit Preston in the morning. -Yeah, I know. | -来准备明早狗屁普雷斯顿的感恩节小测验 -我知道 |
[17:51] | That’s why he put it on reserve. This is our only copy. | 所以他才不准书外借 这是馆里唯一的一本 |
[17:54] | Chas, I’m pulling an all-nighter. | 查理 今晚我要熬夜 |
[17:56] | Without that book I’m dead, okay? | 没这本书我就死定了 明白吗? |
[18:01] | If it’s not back by 7:30, it’s gonna be my ass. | 早上七点半一定要还来 否则我就惨了 |
[18:04] | Oh, I promise. I promise. | 好的 我保证 |
[18:15] | -Got it? -Yeah. | -可以了吗? -没问题 |
[18:31] | Just a second. I gotta lock up. | 等等 我得锁门 |
[18:39] | Okay. | 好了 |
[18:42] | God, can you wait to get out of this dump or what? | 上帝 真等不及放假走人了! |
[18:50] | Where you guys going skiing again? | 你们又要去哪滑雪? |
[18:52] | -Sugarloaf or… -It’s bush, Chas, Sugarbush. | -甘蔗包还是… -是甘蔗丛 查理 |
[19:05] | That’s my boys. What are you doing? | 我哥儿们啊 你们在干嘛? |
[19:08] | Keep your voice down! | 小声点! |
[19:11] | I’ll tell you about it in the morning. | 明早再告诉你 |
[19:19] | -Miss Hunsaker, have a nice day? -George, why all the noise? | -亨塞克太太 您好 -乔治 怎么这么喧哗? |
[19:23] | It’s hunsaker! Go! Go! | 是亨塞克! 快走! |
[19:26] | I was just messing around with Chas. | 我正和查理胡闹罢了 |
[19:29] | -Good evening, Charles. -Hi, Mrs. Hunsaker. | -晚上好 查尔斯 -你好 亨塞克太太 |
[19:38] | -What was that? -I don’t know, ma’am. | -什么声音? -不知道啊 |
[19:40] | -Who were those boys? What were they doing? -Oh, who knows? | -什么人在那儿? 在干什么? -天晓得 |
[19:44] | -Charles? | -查尔斯? |
[19:47] | -Did you make this scarf yourself? -No, George, I bought it. | -您自己织的围巾吗? -不 乔治 我买的 |
[19:51] | -‘Cause it’s a beauty. It really is. -Thank you, George. | -简直太漂亮了 真的 -谢了 |
[19:54] | In case I don’t see you before the Thanksgiving holidays, | 说不定感恩节前我再见不到你了 |
[19:57] | -Why don’t you give me one of your big hugs? -Oh, George! | -何不给我一个拥抱? -得了吧 乔治 |
[20:00] | -Please? Come on. -Good evening, boys. | -抱一个嘛 -晚安 孩子们 |
[20:02] | Good-bye, Mrs. Hunsaker. | 再见 亨塞克太太 |
[20:23] | Mr. Trask is our fearless leader, | 特拉斯克先生是大无畏的领导 |
[20:28] | a man of learning, a voracious reader. | 好学不倦 如饥似渴 |
[20:33] | He could recite the “Iliad” in ancient greek | 能用古希脑文背诵《伊里亚特》 |
[20:38] | while fishing for trout in a rippling creek. | 还一边在潺潺的小溪边垂钓鳟鱼 |
[20:42] | Endowed with wisdom, of judgement sound, | 满腹经书 料事如神 |
[20:47] | nevertheless about him the questions abound. | 然而 有一小小疑问 |
[20:55] | How does Mr. Trask make such wonderful deals? | 特拉斯克先生何德何能 |
[21:01] | Why did the trustees buy him Jaguar wheels? | 迷得董事会送他捷豹小车呢? |
[21:05] | He wasn’t conniving! | 他不奉承 |
[21:07] | He wasn’t crass! | 更不愚昧 |
[21:10] | He merely puckered his lips | 他只是噘起小嘴 |
[21:15] | and kissed their ass! | 亲他们的屁股 |
[21:35] | Come on. Come on. | 来啊 来啊 |
[21:43] | One more! One more, come on! | 再跳 再跳一个 |
[22:05] | Fuck you! | 你妈的! |
[22:13] | Mr. Simms, Mr. Willis. | 西门 威利斯 |
[22:20] | Mrs. Hunsaker says that you gentlemen were at a vantage point last night | 亨赛克太太说 昨晚你们都在 |
[22:24] | to observe who was responsible for this, uh, | 也曾亲眼目击负责 |
[22:28] | stunt. | 这次表演的人 |
[22:35] | Who was it? | 是谁? |
[22:38] | I really couldn’t tell you, sir. | 我真的说不上来 先生 |
[22:41] | Um, I thought I saw someone fooling with the lamppost, | 我确实看到有人在路灯那儿 |
[22:45] | but by the time I pulled focus, they were gone. | 但等我仔细看的时候 人都跑了 |
[22:50] | Mr. Simms? | 西门先生呢? |
[22:54] | I couldn’t say. | 我不确定 |
[22:58] | That automobile is not just a possession of mine. | 那车不是我的财产 |
[23:02] | That automobile was presented to me by the Board of Trustees. | 那是董事会交托给我的 |
[23:07] | It is a symbol of the standard of excellence for which this school is known, | 它代表着本校著名的卓越成就 |
[23:12] | and I will not have it tarnished. | 我绝不让它蒙羞 |
[23:15] | The automobile? | 那车吗? |
[23:19] | The standard, Mr. Willis. | 我说的是标准 威利斯 |
[23:25] | -What’s your position, Mr. Simms? -On what, sir? | -你怎么说 西门先生? -关于哪方面 先生? |
[23:29] | On preserving the reputation of Baird. | 关于维护博德的名声 |
[23:31] | -I…I’m for Baird. -Then, who did it? | 我支持博德 -那么是谁干的? |
[23:37] | I really couldn’t say for sure. | 我真不确定 |
[23:45] | Very well. | 很好 |
[23:53] | First thing Monday, I’m convening a special session | 这周一我要召开一个关于 |
[23:56] | of the student-faculty disciplinary committee. | 学生和教职员纪律的委员会 |
[23:58] | As this is a matter which concerns the whole school, | 因为此事件关乎全校 |
[24:01] | the entire student body will be present. | 全体学生都要出席 |
[24:04] | There will be no classes, no activities. | 当天不上课 不举行活动 |
[24:07] | Nothing will transpire at this institution | 一切取消 |
[24:09] | until that proceeding is concluded. | 直到委员会得出结论 |
[24:14] | And if, at that time, we are no further along than we are now, | 如果届时没有任何进展 |
[24:20] | I will expel you both. | 我将开除两位 |
[24:27] | Mr. Willis, would you excuse us? | 威利斯先生 你可以先离开吗? |
[24:33] | Have a nice Thanksgiving. | 感恩节快乐 |
[24:37] | Thank you. You too, Mr. Willis. | 你也一样 威利斯先生 |
[24:39] | I will. | 我会的 |
[24:48] | Mr. Simms. | 西门先生 |
[24:50] | I’m not quite through with you yet. | 我的话还没问完 |
[25:03] | One of the few perks of this office is that… | 我这个职位的有个好处就是 |
[25:06] | I am empowered to handle certain matters on my own as I see fit. | 有权决定一些校务 |
[25:12] | Do you understand? | 明白吗? |
[25:14] | -Yes, sir. -Good. | -明白 先生 -很好 |
[25:16] | The Dean of Admissions at Harvard and I have an arrangement. | 我和哈佛大学正在谈合作 |
[25:20] | Along with the usual sheaf of applicants submitted by Baird, | 一般的博德申请生 |
[25:23] | of which virtually, | 实际上 |
[25:25] | oh, two-thirds are guaranteed admittance, | 会有三分之二被录取 |
[25:29] | I add one name, | 除此之外我还能再加一名 |
[25:32] | somebody who’s a standout and yet, underprivileged; | 一名优秀但贫困的学生 |
[25:36] | a student who cannot afford to pay the board and tuition in Cambridge. | 一名付不起剑桥宿费和学费的学生 |
[25:44] | Do you know on whose behalf I drafted a memo this year? | 你知道今年提名的是谁吗? |
[25:48] | -No, sir. -You. You, Mr. Simms. | -不知道 -你 是你 西门先生 |
[25:57] | Now can you tell me who did it? | 现在你总该告诉我是谁干的吧? |
[26:01] | No, sir, I can’t. | 不 先生 我不能 |
[26:05] | You take the weekend to think about it, Mr. Simms. | 给你周末的时间想清楚再说 |
[26:10] | Good afternoon. | 再会 |
[26:14] | What’d he say? | 他说了什么? |
[26:17] | -Nothing. -What do you mean, nothing? | -没什么 -什么叫没什么? |
[26:19] | He said the same thing he said to both of us. He just said it over. | 重讲一遍对我们讲的话 |
[26:21] | You know what he’s doing? | 你知道他在干什么吗? |
[26:23] | He’s good-cop, bad-copping us. | 他在搞分化啊 |
[26:27] | He knows I’m old guard. You’re fringe. | 他知道我是保守的 你是非主流 |
[26:29] | He’s gonna bear down on me and soft-soap you. | 他要打压我再哄骗你 |
[26:33] | Did he try to soft-soap you? Did he? | 他有没有哄你? 有没有? |
[26:37] | No. | 没有 |
[26:40] | Chas, I detect a slight panic pulse from you. Are you panicking? | 查理 我发现你吓坏了 你很害怕吗? |
[26:43] | -Yeah, a little. -Come on. | -有一点点 -别慌 |
[26:46] | -You’re on scholarship, right? -Yeah. | -你拿奖学金的对吧? -对啊 |
[26:49] | You’re on scholarship from Oregon at Baird. | 你拿奖学金从奥勒冈来博德 |
[26:54] | You’re a long way from home, Chas. | 离家相当远 查理 |
[26:57] | What’s that got to do with anything? | 什么意思? |
[26:59] | I don’t know how it works out there. | 我不知道你们那儿的习惯 |
[27:02] | But how it works here? We stick together. | 但在这儿 我们很团结 |
[27:05] | It’s us against them, no matter what. | 我们反对他们 绝不变卦 |
[27:08] | We don’t cover our ass. We don’t tell our parents. | 既不出卖朋友 也不告诉父母 |
[27:12] | Stonewall everybody! | 个个守口如瓶 |
[27:15] | And above all, never, never | 最重要的是 绝不 绝不 |
[27:19] | Leave any of us twisting in the wind. | 抛下任何一个哥儿们 |
[27:24] | And that’s it. | 就是这样 |
[27:26] | What does that have to do with me being on scholarship? | 这些和我拿奖学金有关系吗? |
[27:31] | I’m just trying to bring you up to speed, kid, that’s it. | 我只是把情况分析给你听 |
[27:35] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[27:39] | I’ll tell you what. Give me a few hours to figure out the moves, | 这样吧 给我几小时想对策 |
[27:43] | and call me tonight in Vermont. | 然后打电话到维州找我 |
[27:47] | I’ll be at the Sugarbush lodge, all right? | 我都在甘蔗丛别墅 好吗? |
[27:50] | All right. | 好吧 |
[27:53] | You all right? | 你还好吧? |
[27:55] | Yeah, I guess so. | 我想是的 |
[27:58] | Okay. | 好 |
[28:02] | Try to keep him down to four drinks a day. | 别让他每天喝超过四杯 |
[28:05] | If you can keep him down to forty, you’re doing good. | 别让他超过四十杯就不错了 |
[28:08] | Try to water them down a little. Do you know how to do that? | 试着在酒里掺水 你知道怎么掺水吧? |
[28:11] | -It’s a long ride, honey! -Get the bags in the car. I’ll be right out. | -该走了 亲爱的 -先搬行李 我马上来 |
[28:16] | Mommy, Mommy! Don’t forget Uncle Frank’s walk. | 妈咪 别忘了舅公要散步 |
[28:20] | Oh, ha… Yeah. | 是的 |
[28:22] | Uh, you have to air him out a little every day. | 你每天要带他出去透透气 |
[28:28] | Why don’t you go on back there get yourself oriented? | 你要不要先回他那儿? |
[28:32] | I’ll come out in a minute, give you telephone numbers and stuff. | 我马上过来 给你些电话号码等等 |
[28:36] | Well, I wouldn’t try a thing like that | 我绝不会贸然动作的 |
[28:39] | unless I knew, would I? | 除非我知道 不是吗? |
[28:42] | Just let me speak to her. | 就我来跟她说吧 |
[28:44] | Hello, beautiful. Is that you? | 你好 美人 是你吗? |
[28:46] | Yeah, we spoke yesterday. | 昨天我们讲过话 |
[28:49] | You have a glass of wine with lunch? | 午饭喝酒了吗? |
[28:52] | You sound a little dusky. Hmm. | 声音有点忧郁 |
[28:55] | -Just a minute, sweetheart. | -等一下 甜心 |
[28:59] | You’re back, huh? | 你回来了? |
[29:03] | Tenacious! | 死硬派 |
[29:04] | Get out my dress blues. They’re in a garment bag in the closet. | 取我的蓝制服 在橱子里的西装夹里 |
[29:08] | Check the top dresser drawer. Take out the shoulder boards | 在梳妆台上 拿出肩章 |
[29:10] | and affix them shoulders right and left, | 扣上去 |
[29:12] | A.S.A.P. That means now. | 尽快 立刻! |
[29:15] | Hello. Sorry to keep you waiting, sweetheart. | 抱歉让你久等了 亲爱的 |
[29:20] | I’m not the kind of guy who likes to rush things, | 我不喜欢催人 |
[29:23] | but I’m catching a 4:00 at Logan, looking out my window, | 但是我要坐四点的飞机 现在窗外 |
[29:26] | and there’s not a taxi in sight. | 连部出租车也没看到 |
[29:28] | What happened to Chet? | 查特呢? |
[29:31] | He didn’t invest in a radio yet? | 还没有投资买无线电吗? |
[29:33] | Hah! Well, get your driver on it. | 那叫司机来听吧 |
[29:36] | Tell him to get a move on. | 叫他快点 |
[29:43] | Some kind of body has got to go with that bedroom voice. | 这等卧室嗓音配的身材一定好 |
[29:47] | One day I’m gonna swing by, get a better look at it. | 哪天要去好好瞧瞧 |
[29:50] | You bet. | 一定 |
[29:53] | Bye. | 再见 |
[29:57] | My val-pak’s underneath the bed. Get it out. | 提袋在床底下 拿出来 |
[30:01] | Put the boards on the blues and fold them in. | 把制服放进去 |
[30:03] | Uh, are we going someplace, Colonel? | 我们要去哪儿吗 中校? |
[30:07] | What business is that of yours? Don’t shrug, imbecile. | 关你什么事? 别耸肩 小子 |
[30:10] | I’m blind. Save your body language for the bimbi. | 我看不见 身体语言留给小妞们吧 |
[30:15] | Now, get my gear out. | 快去整理我的行李 |
[30:18] | Francine, get in the car. | 弗朗辛 上车了 |
[30:20] | It’s almost 3:00. The goddamn Flintstones haven’t left yet. | 快三点了 原始人还没出洞呢 |
[30:25] | Willie Rossi must go in the car! | 威利·罗斯必须上车咯 |
[30:30] | -Here comes Mrs. Rossi now. -Damn it! | -罗丝太太来了 -妈的! |
[30:34] | She said good-bye to me three times today. | 今天她已经来道别三次了 |
[30:37] | What’s she got, separation anxiety? | 怎么搞的 她有分离焦虑? |
[30:39] | Cut her off at the door! | 别让她进门! |
[30:44] | Hi, honey. Bye, honey. | 亲爱的 再见 亲爱的 |
[30:49] | I wish you were coming with us. | 真希望你一起去 |
[30:51] | Me too. | 我也希望 |
[30:54] | Maybe next time. | 下次吧 |
[31:00] | -Drive carefully now. -Yeah. | -开车小心点 -好的 |
[31:05] | Charlie, this is where we’ll be. | 查理 这是我们要去的地方 |
[31:08] | Good luck, Charlie. Don’t let him drink too much. | 祝你好运 查理 别让他喝太多 |
[31:13] | See you, Charlie! | 再见 查理 |
[31:17] | And no 900 numbers. He loves to talk dirty. | 别让他打色情专线 他喜欢讲脏话 |
[31:28] | All right, let’s get to work. | 那就开始工作吧 |
[31:40] | L-buckles giving you trouble? | 不会扣那个搭扣吗? |
[31:44] | Never in the Boy Scouts, sluggo? | 没参加过童子军 小帅哥? |
[31:46] | -I, I made Tenderfoot. -Tenderfoot, my foot! | -我是童子军新手 -新手 新脚! |
[31:50] | Convenience-store mama’s boy. | 便利店妈咪的宝宝 |
[31:52] | Here. Let me take a look at that. | 我来看看 |
[31:55] | Touch me again, I’ll kill you, you little son-of-a-bitch! | 敢再碰我我就宰了你 你个小杂种! |
[32:00] | I touch you. Understand? | 只有我能碰你 懂吗? |
[32:07] | My shoulder boards are in the top dresser drawer. Get them, son. | 我的肩章在最上一格 快去拿 |
[32:11] | The epaulets with the silver oak leaf. | 有银橡树叶的那对 |
[32:32] | -Are these… -Good. | -是这些… -对 |
[32:35] | Taxi come yet? | 车还没来? |
[32:37] | Colonel, where are we going? | 中校 我们去哪里? |
[32:40] | Where we going? | 去哪里 |
[32:42] | Freak show central. | 去看畸形人展 |
[32:44] | -Where’s that? -New York City. | -在哪里 -纽约市 |
[32:49] | That’s in New York, son. New York State. | 在纽约州 孩子 |
[32:51] | Uh, Mrs. Rossi didn’t say anything to me about going anywhere. | 罗丝太太没告诉我要去什么地方 |
[32:56] | She forgot. | 她忘了 |
[32:58] | -Should we call her, ’cause I… -You kidding me? | -要不要打给她 因为我… -你开玩笑吗? |
[33:01] | Call her? By the time they get to Albany in that “hupmobile” he drives | 打给她? 他们开着那小破车到奥尔巴尼的时候 |
[33:05] | it’ll be opening day at Saratoga. | 大赛马早开幕了 |
[33:08] | -Colonel, I can’t go to New York City. -Why not? | -中校 我不能去纽约市 -为什么? |
[33:12] | New York… | 纽约… |
[33:14] | -New York’s too much responsibility. -Ah, responsibility! | -去纽约责任太大 -算了吧 责任! |
[33:18] | I had a lot of 17 year olds my first platoon. | 我排上有好多17岁的小男生 |
[33:21] | I took care of them. All set! | 都靠我照顾他们 走吧! |
[33:25] | How do I look? | 我看起来如何? |
[33:28] | Tickets. Money. Speech. | 机票 钱 演讲稿 |
[33:33] | Old Washington joke… from my days with Lyndon. | 老笑话一个 林德时代流行的 |
[33:37] | -I knew I could count on transportation. | -我就知道能信得过交通车 |
[33:41] | Are you ready? | 你准备好了吗? |
[33:45] | This is not Panmunjom. A simple yes will do. | 这儿不是板门店 一句”是”就能成事 |
[33:48] | Good! Here you go. | 好 拿着 |
[33:50] | Come on! Hup to it, son! | 动作要快! |
[33:53] | You’re in front of me. Let’s go. | 到我前面 我们走 |
[33:56] | Tomster, come here, boy. | 汤姆斯特 快来 |
[33:59] | Come on. | 快来 |
[34:02] | Here, tomster, come on. Tomster, tomster. Yeah. | 汤姆斯特 过来 汤姆斯特 |
[34:07] | Remember, when in doubt… fuck. | 记着 有疑问的时候… 就去做爱 |
[34:15] | Good afternoon, sir. Where’s our destination? | 下午好 先生 目的地是哪儿? |
[34:18] | Our destination… New York City, home of the brave! | 目的地… 纽约市 勇者之家 |
[34:21] | -Two for the shuttle to New York. -I’m not shuttling anywhere. | -两位普通舱到纽约 -我才不普通 |
[34:24] | -Look at those tickets. “First class.” -Yes, sir, first class. | -看机票 头等舱 -是的 先生 头等舱 |
[34:28] | You bought me a ticket? I never said I’d go to New York. | 你替我买票了? 我没说过要去纽约啊 |
[34:32] | What are you, some kind of chicken-shit, sticks to job description only? | 你是只敢照规矩做的胆小鬼吗? |
[34:36] | Gate 46, sir. | 46号登机门 先生 |
[34:38] | -As you were, son. -Thank you, sir. | -给你 -谢谢 先生 |
[34:41] | Which way’s the door? | 门在哪里? |
[34:44] | -Are you blind? Are you blind? -Of course not. | -你瞎了? 你瞎了吗? -当然没有 |
[34:48] | Then why do you keep grabbing my goddamn arm? | 那你猛抓我手干嘛? |
[34:51] | I take your arm. | 我抓你的手 |
[34:58] | -I’m sorry. -Don’t be sorry. | -抱歉 -别抱歉了 |
[35:00] | How would you know, watching MTV all your life? | 不知者无罪 你一辈子大概都在看音乐电视吧? |
[35:07] | -Jack Daniels -You bet. | -杰克·丹尼尔 -好 |
[35:11] | -And Diet Slice. -The old Diet Slice. | -低卡汽水 -低卡汽水 |
[35:15] | -And a water. -Thank you, Daphne. | -再加一杯水 -谢谢你 黛芬妮 |
[35:17] | Certainly, sir. | 不客气 先生 |
[35:26] | How did you know her name? | 你怎么知道她名字? |
[35:30] | Well, she’s wearing Floris. | 她擦”芙蕾丝” |
[35:34] | That’s an English cologne. | 一款英国香水 |
[35:37] | But her voice is California chickie. | 但是她又有加州腔 |
[35:41] | Now, California chickie bucking for English lady | 加州小妞向往英国淑女 |
[35:45] | I call her Daphne. | 所以我叫她黛芬妮 |
[35:49] | Oh, big things may happen to that little thing of yours. | 你那小玩意可能会大干一场 |
[35:55] | Look, Colonel, | 中校 |
[35:58] | -I’ll get you to New York, all right? | -我陪你去纽约 对吧? |
[36:00] | Then I’m gonna have to turn around and come back. | 然后我就立刻回来 |
[36:03] | Well, Chuck, you gotta do what you gotta do. | 做你应当做的 查克 |
[36:06] | Charlie, all right? Or Charles. | 叫我查理 或查尔斯 |
[36:10] | 抱歉 不能怪你 查克是… 抱歉 不能怪你 | |
[36:17] | So, why are we going to New York? | 那么 我们为什么去纽约? |
[36:20] | All information will be given on a need-to-know basis. | 你不需要知道就不用告诉你 |
[36:27] | Where’s Daphne? Let’s get her down here. | 黛芬妮呢? 找她过来吧 |
[36:32] | She’s in the back. | 她在后面 |
[36:34] | A tail’s in the tail. | 小尾巴在后面啊 |
[36:39] | Oh, but I still smell her. | 但是我一样闻得到她 |
[36:45] | Women! | 女人! |
[36:47] | What can you say? | 能怎么说呢? |
[36:51] | Who made them? | 谁创造了她们? |
[36:53] | God must have been a fucking genius. | 上帝真他妈的是个天才 |
[37:00] | The hair…They say the hair is everything, you know. | 秀发…秀发是最重要的部份 |
[37:07] | Have you ever buried your nose in a mountain of curls | 你有没有把鼻子埋在一丛秀发中 |
[37:11] | and just wanted to go to sleep forever? | 然后希望就此睡去? |
[37:16] | Or lips…and when they touched, yours were like | 还有香唇…轻轻黏上你的时候 你的嘴唇就像 |
[37:22] | that first swallow of wine…after you just crossed the desert. | 越过沙漠后喝下了第一口美酒 |
[37:32] | Tits! Big ones, little ones, | 乳房! 大的 小的 |
[37:39] | nipples staring right out at you | 乳头瞪着你 |
[37:41] | Like secret searchlights. | 像秘密探照灯 |
[37:48] | And legs… I don’t care if they’re Greek columns… or secondhand Steinways. | 还有腿… 不管是不是黄金比例 或像二手货的史坦威钢琴 |
[37:58] | What’s between them, passport to heaven. | 两腿中间的 正是通往天堂的护照 |
[38:05] | I need a drink. | 我得喝一杯 |
[38:10] | Yes, Mr. Simms, | 是的 西门先生 |
[38:14] | there’s only two syllables in this whole wide world worth hearing: pussy. | 整个这世上就只有两个字动听 阴部 |
[38:27] | Are you listening to me, son? I’m giving you pearls here. | 你有没有在听? 这可是智慧结晶 |
[38:32] | I guess you really like women. | 你真的很喜欢女人 |
[38:35] | Oh, above all things! | 胜于一切! |
[38:43] | A very, very distant second is a Ferrari. | 远次于女人排名第二的是法拉利跑车 |
[38:57] | Charlie? Give me your hand. | 查理? 给我你的手 |
[39:05] | This is just the start of your education, son. | 这只是你教育的开始 |
[39:26] | -Where are we? -Where are we, eh? | -我们在哪里? -我们在哪里? |
[39:29] | The cynosure of all things civilized: | 一切文明的焦点 |
[39:32] | the Waldorf-Astoria. | 华尔道夫大饭店 |
[39:35] | The last time I was here, Charlie, was with a G-2 from Brussels. | 上次来的时候 查理 是和比利时同事一起来的 |
[39:39] | Had a Ferrari. | 他有部法拉利 |
[39:41] | Every day I held the door open for the fucker. | 每天我都帮他开车门 |
[39:44] | Never even offered me a ride. | 他竟然没邀我兜过风 |
[39:46] | Well, fuck him. | 去他妈的 |
[39:48] | He’s dead and I’m blind. | 他死了我瞎了 |
[39:54] | -Spread the word. -Thank you, sir. | -传个话 -谢谢 先生 |
[39:57] | -The intelligence will be forthcoming -Sir? | -帮我找个妞儿来 -什么? |
[40:00] | On the escort scene. | 找个妞儿 |
[40:03] | Um, yes, sir. | 好的 先生 |
[40:05] | -And welcome to the Waldorf. -Gracias, amigo. | -欢迎光临华尔道夫 -多谢 朋友 |
[40:10] | Puerto Ricans always made the best infantrymen. | 波多黎各人是最好的陆战队 |
[40:29] | I’m home again. | 又回家了 |
[40:32] | Give me an inventory on this. | 给我列个清单来 |
[40:40] | All right, where am l, in Asia? | 我在哪? 亚洲吗? |
[40:42] | He told me the phone was on the other side of the room, didn’t he? | 他说电话在房间另一头 是吗? |
[40:45] | By the windows? | 在窗户边吗? |
[40:48] | It’s right here. | 在这里 |
[40:51] | Okay. We’re in business. | 很好 咱们上路了 |
[40:59] | Get me the Oak Room. | 请接橡树厅 |
[41:02] | How’s that inventory coming? | 库存怎么样? |
[41:06] | Uh, there’s Jim Beam and Early Times. | 有吉米宾和早时年两种 |
[41:11] | Quartermaster’s on the take again. Hello. | 补给官又给收买了 你好 |
[41:14] | Is Sheldon or Mack there? | 谢尔登或麦克在吗? |
[41:18] | This is Lieutenant Colonel Frank Slade. | 我是弗兰克史雷得中校 |
[41:20] | I used to be a regular. I used to come in with a General Garbisch. | 以前是常客 和贾比斯将军来过 |
[41:26] | Yes, that’s probably because he’s at Arlington six feet under. | 大概是因为他现在住地府吧 |
[41:30] | Listen up. I want a table for two, and I don’t mean Siberia, 8:15. | 听着 我要一张两个人的桌子 别靠厨房 8点15 |
[41:35] | Clear them little bottles off. | 把那些瓶子清掉 |
[41:38] | And when I get off the phone, call up Hyman. | 我打完电话 你就叫海曼来 |
[41:41] | Tell him I want it wall to wall with John Daniels. | 我要满满一房间的约翰·丹尼尔酒 |
[41:44] | Uh, don’t you mean, uh, Jack Daniels? | 你是说杰克·丹尼尔酒? |
[41:47] | It may be Jack to you, son. But when you’ve known him as long as I have… | 对你来说是杰克 熟客才这么叫的 |
[41:51] | That’s a joke. Hello! | 开个玩笑 你好! |
[41:53] | This is Lieutenant Colonel Frank Slade. I would like a limo, 8:00. | 我是弗兰克史雷得中校 八点我要一辆轿车 |
[42:03] | What are you drinking? | 你要喝什么? |
[42:05] | Uh, nothing, thanks. I don’t… I don’t use it. | 不用 谢谢 我不用喝酒 |
[42:09] | What’s useful about it? | 什么用不用的? |
[42:12] | I don’t know. Listen, Colonel, I have to get going. | 我不知道 中校 我要走了 |
[42:16] | Where you going? | 去哪儿? |
[42:18] | Back to school. I’ve got some real important stuff I have to take care of. | 回学校去 有一些非常重要的事要做 |
[42:24] | Very well. | 好啊 |
[42:26] | But I never let my aides leave on an empty stomach. | 但我从不让助理饿着离开 |
[42:29] | You’ll dine with me and then my driver will transport you | 吃完晚餐 我司机会送你 |
[42:33] | to the airport for the Boston Shuttle departing at 2200 hours. | 去飞机场搭十点去波士顿的飞机 |
[42:38] | Meanwhile, unpack my bag. | 现在 打开我的行李箱 |
[42:41] | I’m gonna christen the latrine. | 我要上厕所 |
[42:45] | What’s your name, driver? | 你叫什么名字 司机? |
[42:47] | -Manny, sir. -Manny. | -曼尼 先生 -曼尼 |
[42:50] | The bellhops at the Waldorf, are they any good at getting escorts? | 华尔道夫的小妞好不好? |
[42:53] | -I wouldn’t know, sir. -What would you know? | -我不知道 先生 -那你知道什么? |
[42:57] | -About what? -About you-know-what? | -哪方面的? -你知道哪方面? |
[43:02] | Maybe I could manage something. | 或许我能做点安排 |
[43:05] | I’m talking top of the line, now. | 我要的可是一流的 |
[43:08] | Let me think about this, sir. | 我想一想 先生 |
[43:18] | What’s the matter with you? | 你怎么回事? |
[43:20] | -With me? -Yeah. Car feels heavy. You know why? | -我? -车感觉很重 你知道原因吗? |
[43:25] | You got the fucking weight of the world on your shoulders. | 全世界都在你肩上了 |
[43:32] | I got a little problem at school, that’s all. | 学校里出了点事 仅此而已 |
[43:35] | -Spit it out! -It’s not a big deal, all right? | -说出来吧 -不是什么大事 好吗? |
[43:38] | Where we going, the Oak Room or something? | 我们去哪儿 橡树厅还是? |
[43:40] | If it’s not a big deal, why did you say “real important stuff”? | 如果不是什么大事 那你为什么说是”非常重要的事”? |
[43:42] | What are you doing, banging the dean’s daughter? Hah! | 你和院长女儿上床了? |
[43:48] | -No.I’m just in a little trouble. -What kind of trouble? | -不 惹了点麻烦而已 -哪类麻烦? |
[43:52] | I saw some guys doing something. | 我看到有些家伙做的些事 |
[43:56] | To tell or not to tell, or it’s your ass. | 说或者不说 或者自己倒霉 |
[44:04] | -How’d you know that? -I’m a wizard. | -你怎么知道? -我是男巫 |
[44:06] | Give me the details, come on. | 从头说起 快点 |
[44:14] | There’s this guy at school named Harry. | 在学校有个叫哈瑞的 |
[44:16] | He’s the real rich kid. | 他很有钱 |
[44:19] | He like… runs the show. | 他当头儿 |
[44:21] | Who else? | 其他人呢? |
[44:24] | There’s another guy, George, but George didn’t do anything. | 另一个叫乔治 什么也没做 |
[44:28] | George and I saw Harry and his buddies doing something. | 我和乔治看到了哈瑞那伙做的事 |
[44:32] | Now, the folks at Baird, | 现在博德的人 |
[44:34] | they know you and George can identify the guilty parties? | 知道你和乔治能抓出元凶? |
[44:40] | Yeah, they think we can. | 是的 他们认为我们能 |
[44:42] | -George is a friend of yours. -He’s not a friend, but he’s all right. | -乔治是你的朋友 -不是 不过他人不坏 |
[44:47] | -You trust him? -Yeah, I guess so. | -你相信他? -大概是吧 |
[44:51] | -He’s on scholarship too? -No, why? | -他也拿奖学金? -不 有关系吗? |
[44:56] | We got George, we got Harry, we got trouble. | 我们有乔治 哈瑞 和麻烦 |
[44:59] | They’re rich, you’re poor. You wanna get rich. | 他们有钱 你没钱 你想有钱 |
[45:02] | You wanna graduate Baird, become a rich big shot like them. | 你想毕业后像他们一样有钱 |
[45:05] | -Am I right? -No. It’s not that way at all. | -对不对? -不 不完全是 |
[45:09] | Okay, Charlie! | 好吧 查理 |
[45:13] | Here we are, gentlemen, the Oak Room. | 到了 橡树厅 |
[45:15] | The Oak Room! | 橡树厅! |
[45:18] | Bring us a menu and double Jack Daniels on the rocks. | 拿份菜单和双份杰克·丹尼尔加冰 |
[45:21] | Charlie, sit down here. | 查理 坐这儿 |
[45:23] | Uh, perhaps you’ll feel more comfortable in this, sir. | 也许您穿上这件会更舒服些 先生 |
[45:31] | You look great! | 看上去很帅 |
[45:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[45:41] | Here we are, Charlie, the Oak Room. | 这就是橡树厅 查理 |
[45:45] | Now, read me the bill of fare. | 现在念菜单吧 |
[45:48] | Uh, let’s see. | 好的 |
[45:50] | You got the Oak Room Burger and fries for $24. | 橡树厅汉堡加薯条要24块钱 |
[45:53] | Where’s the booze? Flowing like mud around here. | 酒呢? 上菜慢的就像这周围都是泥巴一样 |
[45:57] | A $24 hamburger? | 24块的汉堡? |
[45:59] | W-What’s the story? | 怎么搞的? |
[46:01] | What story? | 什么? |
[46:04] | Are you a rich miser or something? | 你是个有钱的守财奴吗? |
[46:08] | No, I’m just your average blind man. | 不是 普通瞎子罢了 |
[46:11] | Your average blind man. | 普通瞎子 |
[46:13] | How do you plan on paying for all this stuff? | 你打算怎么付这些钱? |
[46:16] | Crisp, clean dollars, American. | 干干净净的美钞 |
[46:20] | I saved up my disability checks. | 我存了伤残退休金 |
[46:22] | How much did you save? I mean, we flew first class, | 你存了多少? 我们坐头等舱 |
[46:25] | we’re at the Waldorf-Astoria, a $24 hamburger restaurant. | 还住华尔道夫 吃24块钱的汉堡 |
[46:29] | -All part of a plan, Charlie. -You want to let me in on it? | -计划的一部份 查理 -你想要我加入你的计划? |
[46:33] | Why should I? You’re not interested. You don’t give a shit! | 为什么要? 你又没兴趣 |
[46:35] | You’re leaving on that last shuttle out of La Guardia. | 你就要坐飞机走了 |
[46:43] | You got 15 minutes, son. I don’t think you’re gonna make it, | 只剩15分钟 很可能赶不上了 |
[46:46] | unless the Oak Room keeps some complimentary helicopter on the roof. | 除非橡树厅阳台上有直升机 |
[46:52] | No, sir. No! | 不 先生 不 |
[46:54] | You’re here till tomorrow. | 你得待到明天 |
[46:58] | You said the last shuttle leaves at 2200 hours. | 你说最后班机22点起飞 |
[47:00] | That’s 10:00, right? | 那就是晚上10点 对吧? |
[47:02] | Last I heard, yeah. | 我是这么听说的 |
[47:05] | It’s only 8:30. | 现在只有八点半 |
[47:07] | I lied. Leaves at 9:00. | 骗你的 飞机九点起飞 |
[47:09] | -It leaves at 9:00? -Calm down. Calm down. | -九点起飞? -别紧张 别紧张 |
[47:16] | Ahh! The truth is, Charlie, | 事实上 查理 |
[47:21] | -I need a guide dog to help me execute my plan. -What plan? | -我需要一只导盲犬帮我执行计划 -什么计划? |
[47:27] | You have a right to know. | 你有权利知道 |
[47:31] | It’s not really a plan, Charlie. It’s sort of a… more like a tour, | 不全是计划 查理 更像是个旅行 |
[47:37] | a little tour of pleasures: | 小小的快乐之旅 |
[47:40] | stay in a first-class hotel, eat an agreeable meal, | 住一流的饭店 享用美食 |
[47:45] | drink a nice glass of wine, | 饮一杯好酒 |
[47:48] | see my big brother. Nothing like family, you know. | 看我大哥 亲情最伟大 |
[47:53] | And then, make love to a terrific woman. | 然后和一个妙女郎做爱 |
[47:59] | After that… | 再之后… |
[48:06] | Yeah? | 之后什么? |
[48:10] | I’m gonna lie down on my big, beautiful bed at the Waldorf | 我要躺在华尔道夫的豪华大床 |
[48:15] | and blow my brains out. | 然后把我的脑袋射烂 |
[48:20] | -May I tell you our specials? -You may, sir. | -能向你们建议特餐吗? -可以 |
[48:24] | Tonight we have charred venison with buckwheat spaetzle and green peppercorn. | 今日特餐有嫩烤碧玉丝和胡椒子 |
[48:28] | Grilled veal, tomato tapenade, and roasted eggplants. | 烤牛肉 番茄盘装菜 和烧茄子 |
[48:32] | Get me a napkin. My mouth’s watering. | 给我张餐巾纸 我在流口水呢 |
[48:34] | If you like our souffle for dessert, it would be good to order it now. | 如果您要奶酥派 最好现在就点 |
[48:40] | Yes, on the souffle. Give us a half of a minute on the rest. | 先点奶酥 其他的给半分钟时间我们想一想 |
[48:43] | Very good, sir. | 好的 先生 |
[48:49] | -I’m leaning towards the spaetzle. -Colonel Slade | -我想吃烤碧绿丝 -史雷德中校 |
[48:52] | Charlie, rolls on the table? Give them to me. | 桌上有小面包吗? 给我拿点来 |
[48:55] | You should try these rolls. | 你一定要尝尝 |
[48:57] | I used to dream about them when I was at Fort Huachuca. | 我在赫德堡时做梦都梦到它们 |
[49:01] | -Colonel Slade -Bread’s no good west of the Colorado. | -史雷德中校 -科罗拉多以西的面包就不行了 |
[49:04] | -Water’s too alkaline. -Colonel Slade, did you say | -水太涩嘴了 -史雷德中校 刚才你说 |
[49:09] | Did I hear you right? | 我没听错吧? |
[49:12] | You said you’re gonna kill yourself? | 你说你要自杀? |
[49:14] | No, I said I was gonna blow my brains out. | 不 我说我要把脑袋打开花 |
[49:19] | Try one of these rolls, Charlie. I buttered it for you. | 试个小面包 查理 我帮你抹了黄油 |
[49:23] | I don’t want a roll, all right? | 我不要吃面包 可以吗? |
[49:25] | Okay. Have a radish! | 那就吃点红萝卜 |
[49:31] | Hello! Bring me a double Jack Daniels on the rocks. | 再来一杯双份的杰克·丹尼尔酒 |
[49:35] | Yes, sir. Right away. | 马上就来 先生 |
[49:42] | Please, don’t do that. | 拜托 别来那套 |
[49:44] | Don’t do that. | 别来那套 |
[49:57] | What a marvelous place! | 真是好地方! |
[50:02] | Okay. | 那么 |
[50:11] | Your billet is here. | 你就睡这儿 |
[50:13] | You’ll find bedding in the closet on the shelf. | 床具在柜里 |
[50:17] | In the morning, the area will be returned to sitting-room mode | 明早晨要还原成起居间 |
[50:22] | no later than 0700 hours. | 不能睡过七点 |
[50:27] | What was that? | 你做了什么? |
[50:32] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[50:35] | Next time, snap it out! | 下次 动作快点 |
[50:40] | Thumb to palm, index finger through little digit, smartly aligned, | 大姆指顶掌心 食指要对准 成一直线 |
[50:45] | sharp to the hairline, down! | 顶住发际线 放下! |
[50:53] | Too many men, far better than you, | 很多远比你优秀的人 |
[50:55] | have executed that courtesy. | 都敬过礼 |
[50:58] | And if you’re smart, you won’t try it again. | 你要是聪明的话 就别再做 |
[51:05] | This bat has got sharper radar than the Nautilus. | 这老蝙蝠的雷达可灵敏的很 |
[51:10] | Don’t fuck with me, Charlie. | 少跟我耍花招 查理 |
[51:23] | See you get a good night’s sleep, son. | 好好睡一觉 孩子 |
[51:38] | It’s a lovely day today. | 今天真是个好日子 |
[51:41] | So, whatever you gotta do | 不论做什么 |
[51:44] | You got a lovely day to do it in that’s true. | 都是好日子 没错 |
[51:53] | Good morning, Charlie. | 早上好 查理 |
[51:58] | -Good morning. -This is Sofia, Charlie. | -早上好 -这是索菲亚 查理 |
[52:01] | She’s a magician with a needle. | 带针线的魔术师 |
[52:04] | Sofia’s working me up a little “Glen Plaid” number, | 她在替我做衣服 |
[52:07] | and I’ve asked her if she’d put something together for you. | 我请她也替你做一件 |
[52:10] | -Uh, I don’t need any clothes, Colonel. -Standard issue for an upscale urban assignment. | -我不需要衣服 中校 -上流大都会任务的标配 |
[52:16] | You don’t like the clothes, Charlie, on completion of duty, you can give them away. | 如果你不喜欢 任务完了就扔了 |
[52:21] | Juice, coffee, and other assorted goodies on the trolley over there. | 那里的推车上有果汁 咖啡和一些甜点 |
[52:25] | Get yourself up, get yourself together! | 快起来打点一下 |
[52:27] | It’s a great day for singing a song. | 这是唱歌的好日子 |
[52:30] | And it’s a great day for moving along. | 也是前进的好日子 |
[52:34] | And it’s a great day from morning to night. | 从早到晚都是好时光 |
[52:37] | And it’s a great day for everybody’s plight. | 这是适合许愿的好日子 |
[52:48] | How are you feeling today, Colonel? | 今天觉得怎样 中校 |
[52:50] | Super! Superior! | 棒 棒极了 |
[52:54] | Superfluous! | 棒得过头了 |
[52:57] | Young Sofie here is working Thanksgiving | 苏菲感恩节上班 |
[52:59] | because she’s trying to put herself through college. | 因为她想要读完大学 |
[53:01] | I told her, “My young friend Charlie’s headed for college.” | 我告诉她你也在上大学 |
[53:05] | -Uh, excuse me. -Where you going? | -抱歉 -你去哪里? |
[53:07] | -I need to use the phone. -What’s wrong with the phones in here? | -我要打个电话 -这儿的电话有问题吗? |
[53:11] | I don’t want to disturb you. | 我怕打扰你 |
[53:14] | You’re not disturbing me. Make your call. | 你没有打扰我 在这儿打 |
[53:16] | I’d kinda like to be private. | 我需要隐私 |
[53:18] | Stay outta my room! | 不准进我房间! |
[53:21] | This is as private as you’re gonna get. | 这儿够隐私了 |
[53:37] | Sofia, what are the chances of suiting you up sometime? | 索菲亚 可不可能让你也换上西装? |
[53:43] | -Sugarbush Lodge. -George Willis, please. | -这里是甘蔗丛宾馆 -请接乔治·威利斯 |
[53:49] | -Hello! -George! Hey, it’s Charlie. | -你好 -乔治 我是查理 |
[53:52] | Hey, Chas. Next year you gotta come up with us. | 查理 明年你一定要和我们一起来 |
[53:56] | White powder on a base of snow bunnies. | 白粉在小兔女郎身上 |
[54:01] | Chas, are you there? | 查理 你听到了吗? |
[54:04] | Yeah, I’m here. | 听到了 我在 |
[54:06] | -you told me to call you for the moves. -All right. | -你叫我打给你问你计划 -好吧 |
[54:09] | For now, the move’s no move: status quo. | 目前 计划是按兵不动 |
[54:12] | Everything’s the way we left it. | 保持现状 先搁在一旁 |
[54:14] | How did we leave it? | 怎么搁? |
[54:17] | See no evil, hear no evil. | 没看到 没听到 |
[54:20] | You know what I mean, Chas? | 懂我意思吧? |
[54:24] | Yeah. See no evil, hear no evil. | 没看到 没听到 |
[54:29] | -Okay, then, walk like you talk! -All right, bye. | -好 轻轻松松的 -好吧 再见 |
[54:34] | -George Willis, huh? -Yeah. | -乔治·威利斯? -是的 |
[54:40] | George Willis. That makes his father probably George Willis, Senior. | 乔治·威利斯 他爹可能是一世 |
[54:46] | Charlie, I ask you | 查理 我问你 |
[54:48] | what do you think Big George is gonna feel about Little George | 你猜老乔治听到小乔治所说的”没看没听到” |
[54:51] | seeing no evil, hearing no evil? | 会怎样反应? |
[54:57] | Well, we’re not gonna tell our parents. | 我们说好不告诉父母的 |
[54:59] | We’re just gonna keep it between ourselves. | 是我们的秘密 |
[55:02] | Oh, George isn’t gonna tell his father about this thing! | 乔治不会告诉他爸! |
[55:07] | Damn decent of him. Ooh! Aw! Hah! | 真够义气 |
[55:12] | I love it when you hurt me. | 我喜欢你把我弄痛 |
[55:14] | Uh, tell me now, Charlie. | 告诉我 查理 |
[55:17] | This, uh, George Willis, Junior, what’s his father do? | 这个乔治·威利斯的老爸是干什么的? |
[55:21] | I don’t really know. | 我不清楚 |
[55:23] | Well, I’m gonna tell you. | 我来告诉你 |
[55:26] | When George Willis, Senior, is not busy as a million-dollar man for Aetna Casualty | 当这个乔治·威利斯不是像保险公司大经理 |
[55:30] | or is it New England Distributor for the Chrysler Corporation | 或者克莱斯勒公司驻英国总监那样忙碌的时候 |
[55:34] | He concerns himself with his young son, George Willis, Junior. | 他会关心儿子的生活起居 |
[55:38] | George isn’t going to say anything to his father. | 乔治不会告诉他爸爸 |
[55:41] | Oh, Charlie. Big George is gonna wind up Little George, | 查理 老乔治会扭紧小乔治的发条 |
[55:46] | and Little George is gonna sing like a canary. | 然后小乔治就会知无不言 |
[55:49] | And if you’re hip, kid, you’re gonna hop to, too. | 你要聪明的话 就要先发制人 |
[55:52] | You’ve got this all figured out, don’t you? | 你都看透了这些 是吗? |
[55:54] | It don’t take no Young America merit scholarship to figure this one out. | 不需要拿奖学金就能看透 |
[55:58] | Charlie, you had a little life, so you decided to go to Baird school | 查理 你有你的人生 所以你念博德 |
[56:02] | to put yourself in the market for a big one. | 想有个更光明的前途 |
[56:06] | Now, in order to stay in the running, | 现在 要想不被淘汰 |
[56:08] | you’re gonna have to tell these people what they want to know. | 你就得说出他们想要的 |
[56:11] | You think so? | 真的吗? |
[56:13] | -Are we finished, Sofia? -Yes. | -好了吗 苏菲亚? -是的 |
[56:15] | Grazie. Grazie. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[56:19] | Charlie, if you don’t sing now, | 查理 你要是现在不说 |
[56:25] | you’re gonna end up, not only shelving biscuits in some convenience store in the Oregon burbs, | 就会落得个在奥勒冈看一辈子的便利店的下场 |
[56:31] | probably the last word you’ll ever hear yourself say just before you croak | 很可能在你死前听到的最后一句话 |
[56:36] | gonna be, “Have a nice day and come back soon.” | 是你对客人说的”多谢光临” |
[56:40] | Sofia! Measure up Charlie, pronto. We got a date for Thanksgiving. | 索菲亚 快量查理的尺寸 我们有个感恩节约会 |
[56:46] | We got a date? | 我们要去赴约? |
[56:48] | My brother’s place. W.R. Slade, White Plains, New York. | 我大哥家 白原镇 纽约州 |
[56:53] | Colonel, I can’t go with you to your brother’s place. | 中校 我不能跟你去你大哥家 |
[56:57] | I mean, I should be getting back to school. | 我要赶回学校去 |
[57:02] | Uh, well you gotta have Thanksgiving somewhere. | 你总得过感恩节吧 |
[57:07] | I mean, eats and treats. I could use the company. | 吃点 玩点 我又正好缺个伴 |
[57:14] | All right. Does he know I’m coming? | 好吧 他知道我要来吗? |
[57:17] | He doesn’t know I’m coming. But wait till you see the look on his face when I walk through the door. | 他不知道我要来 我进门时你注意看他的脸 |
[57:22] | Oh, he loves me! | 他爱我 |
[57:26] | Oh, uh, Charlie, about your little problem, | 查理 至于你的麻烦 |
[57:30] | there are two kinds of people in this world: | 世上有两种人 |
[57:33] | those who stand up and face the music, | 勇于负责的人 |
[57:35] | and those who run for cover. | 和去找靠山的人 |
[57:37] | Cover’s better. Okay, Sofia, suit him up! | 靠山要好点 好了 索菲亚 给他穿上 |
[57:41] | Make him pretty! | 让他帅点 |
[57:59] | Careful. | 小心 |
[58:02] | -Should I ring it? -Yeah. | -要按门铃吗? -好 |
[58:11] | Yes? | 什么事? |
[58:13] | Yes! Who is this? | 你是谁 |
[58:16] | -It’s Randy. -Randy? You new? | -兰迪 -兰迪? 你是我新亲戚? |
[58:20] | I’m your nephew. | 我是你外甥 |
[58:22] | Hah! Here I am! | 我来了 |
[58:25] | Your sister’s been hoarding me long enough. | 你姐姐可是想死我了 |
[58:28] | -Thought it’s time to spread the riches around. -Uncle Frank! | -散财的时候到了 -弗兰克叔叔 |
[58:31] | -Gloria! -Gail. | -格洛丽亚 -是盖尔 |
[58:33] | Of course. | 当然 |
[58:35] | Say hello to the potluck party from New York City. | 给大老远从纽约来的打声招呼 |
[58:39] | Good old Uncle Frank and this here with him is Charlie Simms, | 你的弗兰克叔叔和查理西门 |
[58:42] | star halfback of the Baird football team. | 博德学院足球队中卫 |
[58:44] | They not only beat Exeter and Groton, but Aquinas High School too. | 他们打败艾斯特队和国顿 连阿纳斯中学都不是对手 |
[58:49] | Where’s your miserable father? | 你们倒霉的老爹在哪 |
[58:51] | Wait! No, no. Let’s surprise him. | 不 等等 我们来吓他一跳 |
[58:54] | Give that fat heart of his an attack. Willie! | 叫他的大心脏跳一下 威利 |
[58:59] | Oh, Willie! | 威利 |
[59:13] | Hello, Frank. | 弗兰克 |
[59:15] | -How you doing? -Okay. | -你还好吧? -还好 |
[59:18] | Here’s my hand. Charlie, meet W.R. Slade. | 这是我助理 查理 见过史雷得先生 |
[59:23] | Nice to meet you, sir. | 很高兴见到你 先生 |
[59:25] | The original bulging briefcase man. | 最典型的公事箱男士 |
[59:28] | Gretchen, I smell those prunes! We talking Turkey Marbella? | 格雷琴 有梅子的味道 是不是有烤火鸡? |
[59:33] | Yes, we are. | 是的 |
[59:35] | Let’s have a whiff. Come on. | 咱们来闻闻 |
[59:38] | You know, I always had a sneaker for you. Come here. | 你知道 我一向暗恋着你 |
[59:44] | -Where are you, Garry? I heard you cough. -Who are you again? | -你跑那去了 盖瑞? 我听到你咳嗽了 -你到底是谁? |
[59:49] | I’m just here at the Waldorf-Astoria with… Is it your brother? | 我待在华尔道夫和… 您是他大哥吗? |
[59:53] | W.R.’s final issue. How you doing? | 大哥的小宝贝 你好 |
[59:56] | -Yes. Who the hell are you? -I’m kinda taking care of him for the weekend. | -他是我弟弟 你又是谁? -我算他的看护吧 |
[1:00:01] | Charlie! | 查理 |
[1:00:02] | Jesus! | 天啊! |
[1:00:05] | Sorry. Where’s the booze? Flowing like mud here. | 抱歉 酒呢? 这儿的步调真慢 |
[1:00:09] | To tell the truth, the colonel’s not well, I don’t think. | 老实说吧 中校情况不太好 |
[1:00:14] | -Not well? -I think he’s a little lonely. | -不太好? -我想他很寂寞 |
[1:00:17] | Why didn’t you take him to your family’s for dinner? | 那你怎么不带他回你家? |
[1:00:20] | I heard that! | 我听到了 |
[1:00:22] | I heard that. | 我听到了 |
[1:00:25] | Pay no attention to him, Charlie. That’s his big-brother talk. | 别管他 查理 那是他的老大哥经 |
[1:00:28] | He’s been watching out for me since day one. | 从我出生起他就管着我 |
[1:00:30] | Bailed me out of more trouble than he’d like to remember. | 替我收的摊子 连他也记不清 |
[1:00:35] | Let me take your coat. | 我来帮你放大衣 |
[1:00:37] | I meant to pick up some vino on my way, but I blew it. | 本来要带酒来的 竟然忘了 |
[1:00:42] | I’ll send you the Rothschild again for Christmas, | 圣诞节给你们寄好酒 |
[1:00:45] | -only let’s see how Thanksgiving goes. -I’ll set two more places. | -先看看今天处得好不好吧 -我再加两个位子 |
[1:00:49] | -Here’s your drink, Frank. -Thank you, Randy. | -你的酒 弗兰克 -谢谢 兰迪 |
[1:00:52] | Still with Snow Queen sugar? | 还在雪后糖厂工作? |
[1:00:55] | Snow Flake. Why do you always get that wrong? | 是雪焰 你怎么老是搞错 |
[1:00:59] | Because it’s not important for me to get it right. What are you doing there now? | 反正对错也不重要 你在那儿做什么? |
[1:01:02] | I’m Vice President for Marketing. | 市场行销副总裁 |
[1:01:05] | Whoo-ah! Congratulations! Sugar is shit, though. | 恭喜 虽然糖很糟糕 |
[1:01:09] | I told General Abrams to install honey in the commissaries. | 我告诉艾布拉姆将军改供蜂蜜 |
[1:01:13] | If the K-50s didn’t blow your brains out, sugar, sure as shit, was gonna. | 糖会要人命 |
[1:01:18] | Why don’t we all sit down? | 我们何不都坐下? |
[1:01:20] | Mitsouki. Rhymes with nookie. Be careful. | 诱人的蜜祖琪 小心 |
[1:01:24] | -When the wife gets restless, the wife gets racy. -Let’s go and eat. | -老婆静不下来的时候 她就如虎如狼了 -来吃饭吧 |
[1:01:28] | By all means. Thank you, Charlie. | 跟我来 谢谢 查理 |
[1:01:33] | Where you wanna sit, Frank, or you gonna arrange yourself at the head again? | 你想坐哪 弗兰克? 还是主位? |
[1:01:37] | Any old card table will do. This is fine. | 扑克桌也成 这儿很好 |
[1:01:42] | Where was I? Oh! | 我讲到哪了? |
[1:01:45] | I wake up. It’s four in the morning. I don’t know who I’m with, | 我早上四点醒来 不知道身边是谁 |
[1:01:49] | why I’m there and where I am. | 也不知道人在哪 |
[1:01:51] | What am I gonna do? I got this Asian flower, | 我该怎么做 这朵亚洲小野花 |
[1:01:54] | all giggly and dewy-like; | 躺在一边 巧笑倩兮 |
[1:01:58] | and this hard-boiled navy nurse outta Omaha, on the other. | 力大如牛的海军护士躺在另一边 |
[1:02:02] | We’re three across the bed, not a stitch of clothes on. | 三个成人一张床 一件衣裳也没穿 |
[1:02:07] | It comes to me. | 我忽然有了点子 |
[1:02:09] | Let east meet west. We’ll build a golden bridge. | 东西汇合 性桥一座 |
[1:02:16] | I felt like I’d just joined the corps of engineers! | 简直像个蒸汽机大队 |
[1:02:23] | We all still here? | 你们还在听? |
[1:02:26] | It’s a beautiful story. | 好美的故事 |
[1:02:32] | Do you always enjoy shocking people, Uncle Frank? | 你总是语不惊人死不休是吧 弗兰克叔叔? |
[1:02:36] | I didn’t know you were so easily shocked, Randy | 没想到你这么容易被惊 |
[1:02:39] | I admire your sensibilities. I’m touched. | 我佩服你的敏感 |
[1:02:41] | Dad, remember the time you persuaded Frank | 爸 记得你劝弗兰克 |
[1:02:44] | -to go to the kennel? -What about it? | -去狗屋的事吗? -怎么样? |
[1:02:48] | -He almost put the seeing eye dog business outta business. -Cool it, Randy. | -他差点把人家生意毁了 -够了 兰迪 |
[1:02:51] | -It’s over and done with. -Indeed it is, Garry. | -都过去了 -可不是嘛 盖瑞 |
[1:02:55] | Indeed it is. So is dinner. | 都过去了 晚餐也完了 |
[1:02:58] | Charlie, what time do you have? I think we better be getting back. | 查理 几点了? 我们该走了 |
[1:03:01] | -You ever given any thought to a braille watch, Frank? -Randy. | -有没有想过换只盲人表 -够了兰迪 |
[1:03:06] | -Stevie Wonder wears one, or do you rank on him too? -Honey, please. | -史蒂维·温德也戴 你不喜欢是吧? -亲爱的 够了 |
[1:03:10] | It’s all right, Gloria. I enjoy Randy’s observations. | 没关系 格洛丽亚 我欣赏兰迪的观察力 |
[1:03:12] | My wife’s name is Gail, Frank. Can you hear that? Gail. | 我太太叫盖尔 弗兰克 听到没 是盖尔 |
[1:03:16] | Excuse me. Gail. | 对不起 盖尔 |
[1:03:19] | Gail strikes me as a very beautiful woman, | 盖尔一定是个漂亮女人 |
[1:03:23] | but you know there’s a little tension in her voice. | 但是她的声音里透着紧张 |
[1:03:26] | It could be one of two things: | 可能有两个原因 |
[1:03:28] | either Gail is nervous or unsatisfied. | 她紧张 或者不满意 |
[1:03:31] | What’s your point, Uncle Frank? | 你什么意思 弗兰克叔叔? |
[1:03:35] | You oughta go down on her. | 你应该亲她那里 |
[1:03:38] | Cut it out, Frank, will you? | 住口 弗兰克 |
[1:03:40] | You’re so wrapped up in sugar, you’ve forgotten the taste of real honey! | 你满脑子放在糖生意上 却忘了真正的蜜糖 |
[1:03:43] | Frank, for God’s sake! | 范克 住口! |
[1:03:45] | Hear that voice? There’s fire under that dress. | 听到没? 她衣裳下有熊熊欲火 |
[1:03:48] | -Will you cut it out? -Just get the fuck outta here. | -你住口行不? -你他妈给我出去 |
[1:03:50] | Get in your limousine. | 滚到你的豪华轿车里 |
[1:03:53] | Go down to the bowery, get with the other fucking drunks where you belong! | 到你的花街去 跟你的那些酒鬼在一起! |
[1:03:56] | -Wait a minute. -What? | -等会儿 -什么? |
[1:03:58] | -Could you take it easy? -What for? | -别那么激动行吗? -为什么? |
[1:04:01] | You want me to lay off him, Chuckie, ’cause he’s blind? | 你要我让他 查查 因为他是瞎子? |
[1:04:04] | -No, but I mean… -My friend’s name is Charles. | -不是 但… -我朋友的名字是查理 |
[1:04:07] | He doesn’t like to be called Chuckie. | 他不喜欢被人叫做查查 |
[1:04:09] | -This is supposed to be a family get-together. This is… -Just a warning. | -今天应该是一家人团圆 -我先警告你了 |
[1:04:13] | Jesus Christ. Another sucker who thinks this shitheel’s a war hero. | 上帝 又来一个把白痴当英雄的笨蛋 |
[1:04:22] | Well, once… maybe. | 还是过气的 |
[1:04:25] | I suppose he told you about his days on Lyndon Johnson’s staff? | 他一定跟你吹过他当约翰逊幕僚 |
[1:04:29] | I was gonna go. Now I’m not leaving. | 本来我要走 现在不了 |
[1:04:32] | -Frank was earmarked for general. -Earmarked, good word. | -弗兰克本来被内定升将军 -内定 好字眼 |
[1:04:35] | -But Frank likes to spit in everybody’s eye! -Randy, that’s enough. | -但是他朝每个人乱开炮 -兰迪 够了 |
[1:04:40] | So they are… What do they call it when they give you the shaft in the military? | 所以他们… 军中术语是什么来着? |
[1:04:44] | -Passed over! -Frank was passed over for promotion | -跳过 -弗兰克的升官就被跳过了 |
[1:04:49] | Couple times. | 好几次 |
[1:04:54] | -You want to know what happened then? -Will you shut your mouth? | -你想知道接下来怎么回事吗? -闭嘴! |
[1:04:57] | -He blew himself up. -Stop it, Randy. | -他自己搞砸了 -住口 兰迪 |
[1:05:02] | Our colonel, here, had a grenade juggling act at Fort Bragg or wherever. | 我们的中校拿着手榴弹在博格堡还是什么的鬼地方 |
[1:05:06] | -Fort Benning. -He was teaching hand-to-hand combat | -班宁堡 -他正在教自刃战 |
[1:05:09] | Randy, look at me when you’re talking to me, son. | 兰迪 跟我讲话时候要看着我 |
[1:05:13] | I’m looking, Frank. His partner in the act was some captain. | 我是在看 弗兰克 他的搭档是上尉 |
[1:05:17] | -Major Vincent Squires. -Yeah, whoever he was. | -文森特·史奎斯少校 -管他是谁 |
[1:05:20] | Before going on, they’d have themselves a local breakfast: | 之前他们先喝早餐酒 |
[1:05:24] | a Screwdriver for Frank, Bloody Mary for his partner. | 弗兰克喝的是伏特加 伙伴喝的是血腥玛莉 |
[1:05:26] | No, Vincent drank Sea Breezes. | 文森特只爱喝混酒 |
[1:05:28] | Judge Advocate at Benning said Col. Slade had four to his partner’s one. | 班宁堡的法官说弗兰克喝的 至少是他伙伴的四倍 |
[1:05:33] | He’s flying in class. He gets all excited. | 他在课堂上腾云驾雾 |
[1:05:36] | He starts pulling the pins out. | 他开始拉引信 |
[1:05:40] | One grenade got away from him. | 一枚炸弹松了手 |
[1:05:48] | The one that got away. | 松手的那枚 |
[1:05:50] | Oh, the pin was in… Frank claims. | 弗兰克坚持引信没拔 |
[1:05:54] | In or out, what difference does it make? | 有什么差别? |
[1:05:56] | What kind of fucking lunatic juggles grenades? | 哪个笨蛋会去玩炸弹 |
[1:05:58] | Vinnie came out okay. | 文森特倒没事 |
[1:06:01] | And all Frank lost was his eyesight. | 弗兰克也只不过瞎了而已 |
[1:06:06] | -Wanna know the truth? -You got a handle on that, do you, Randy? | -想不想听实话 -你对这事挺了解的是吧 兰迪? |
[1:06:10] | He was an asshole before. | 他以前是个王八蛋 |
[1:06:13] | Now all he is a blind asshole. | 现在是个瞎了眼的王八蛋 |
[1:06:26] | Hey, God’s a funny guy. | 上帝很好玩 |
[1:06:29] | God doth have a sense of humor. | 挺有幽默感的 |
[1:06:34] | Maybe God thinks some people don’t deserve to see. | 也许上帝觉得 有人不配去看 |
[1:06:45] | You get the point, Chuckie? | 懂了吧 查查? |
[1:06:51] | His name is Charles. | 他叫查理 |
[1:06:55] | You can say that, can’t you? Charles. | 会不会念? 查理 |
[1:06:57] | Know what this is, Randy? It’s a choke hold I’m teaching those lieutenants. | 知道这是什么吧 兰迪? 以前我教那些小鬼的杀手扼 |
[1:07:01] | -Little pressure, I bust your windpipe. -I don’t care what he said. | -再使点力 你的气管就破了 -我不介意的 |
[1:07:06] | -Charles. -Just let go, please! | -查理 -中校 我们走吧 |
[1:07:29] | Gretchen? | 格雷琴 |
[1:07:32] | You outdid yourself. | 你菜烧得比上次好 |
[1:07:35] | If you twist my arm hard enough, | 你可把我迷住了 |
[1:07:38] | we’re talking Turkey Marbella next year. | 明年我们吃火鸡大餐 |
[1:07:41] | Who knows? | 也许吧 |
[1:07:47] | Frank | 弗兰克 |
[1:07:49] | Good-bye, Willie. | 再会 威利 |
[1:07:58] | I’m no fucking good | 我不是什么好东西 |
[1:08:02] | and I never have been. | 从来不是 |
[1:08:10] | Come on, Charlie, get the coats. | 走吧 查理 拿大衣 |
[1:08:19] | Come on. Watch your step. | 小心 |
[1:08:39] | Nueva York, compadre. Vamos! | 回纽约 兄弟 |
[1:09:27] | You got a watch? | 有没戴表? |
[1:09:32] | Ah, it’s 7:20. | 七点二十分 |
[1:09:35] | I didn’t ask you the time. I asked if you had a watch. | 我问你有没有戴表 不是几点 |
[1:09:39] | Yeah, in the other room. | 在另一个房间 |
[1:09:41] | Get it. | 去拿 |
[1:09:46] | Colonel, there’s a clock right next to your bed. | 中校 你床旁边有钟 |
[1:09:50] | Does it have a second hand? | 有没有秒针 |
[1:09:58] | Yeah. | 有 |
[1:10:00] | Time me! | 替我计时 |
[1:10:29] | How long? | 多久 |
[1:10:32] | Um… about 30 seconds. | 差不多三十秒 |
[1:10:36] | -I’m rusty. -Where did you get a gun, Colonel? | -我老了 -你哪来的枪 中校? |
[1:10:40] | Piece or weapon, Charlie, never a gun. | 猎具或武器 查理 别叫它做枪 |
[1:10:46] | Where did you get the piece? | 你从哪来的这件猎具 |
[1:10:49] | I’m an officer in the United States Army. This is my sidearm. | 我是美国陆军军官 它是我的随身配备 |
[1:10:53] | -But you’re not an officer anymore. -So I’m retired, so what? | -可你已经退役了 -我是退役了 又怎样? |
[1:10:57] | An officer never relinquishes his 45. | 军官永远不离他的点45 |
[1:11:01] | Yeah, but you better relinquish it to me or I’m gonna call Mrs. Rossi. | 你最好把它给我 不然我打电话给罗丝太太 |
[1:11:05] | Good idea. | 好主意 |
[1:11:07] | Then I’m going back to school. | 不然我就回学校 |
[1:11:09] | Even better. Blue skies, green lights. | 更好 窗外有蓝天 |
[1:11:12] | I hope you have a wonderful trip. That felt like 25. | 旅途愉快 应该只花了25秒吧 |
[1:11:16] | You oughta be able to do a 45 in 25. Did you time me? | 你量了没有 |
[1:11:19] | No, I did not and I’m calling Albany. | 没有 我要打给罗丝太太 |
[1:11:29] | That was stupid. | 太愚蠢了 |
[1:11:32] | Was it? | 是吗 |
[1:11:36] | You’re stuck with me, Charlie. | 你跟定我了 查理 |
[1:11:39] | No, I’m not. | 不 |
[1:11:41] | -I’m outta here! -Where you going? New Hampshire? | -我要走了 -去哪儿? 回新罕布什尔? |
[1:11:43] | You got no money. How you gonna do that? | 你没钱 怎么回去? |
[1:11:50] | Karen’s number tastes like Albany. Hah! | 凯伦的号码吃起来像艾伯尼镇 |
[1:11:54] | -Fine. I’m leaving. -Charlie? Charlie! | -好吧 我走了 -查理 查理! |
[1:12:12] | All I want from you is another day. | 我只要你多陪我一天 |
[1:12:17] | For what? | 做什么 |
[1:12:21] | One last tour of the battlefield. | 战场最后巡礼 |
[1:12:28] | I can get around a city like New York, | 纽约我很熟 |
[1:12:32] | but I sometimes need a point in the right direction. | 但是偶而我需要有人指点方向 |
[1:12:40] | What do you say, Charlie? | 如何 查理? |
[1:12:42] | What’s one day between friends? | 给朋友一天算得了什么 |
[1:12:49] | All right. Well, say I stay for another day. | 好吧 如果我多留一天 |
[1:12:52] | Will you give me your weapon? | 你能把武器交给我吗? |
[1:12:54] | Oh, Charlie! I’m a lieutenant colonel, United States Army. | 查理 我是美国陆军中校 |
[1:12:58] | I’m not giving my fucking gun to anyone. | 我不把枪交给任何人 |
[1:13:01] | -Now, what are you drinking? -Colonel, this is unacceptable. | -你要喝什么 -中校 我无法接受 |
[1:13:05] | Unacceptable? What are you giving me that prep school crap for? | 不能接受? 少给我那套公子经 |
[1:13:10] | What have they done, taken the Oregon out of the boy? | 他们怎么把你弄得这么没人性 |
[1:13:14] | Put in Harvard Business School? | 答应你哈佛的奖学金是吧 |
[1:13:16] | Then give me your bullets. | 不然把子弹给我 |
[1:13:25] | You do see the sense of it, Charlie, don’t you? | 你看穿我要自杀了 是吗 查理? |
[1:13:31] | I can’t chew the leather anymore. | 我已形同废物 |
[1:13:35] | So, why should I share the tribe’s provisions? | 为什么要浪费粮食? |
[1:13:42] | I mean, there’s no one wants to tear a herring with me anymore. | 我是说 没有人愿意和我共渡良宵了 |
[1:13:49] | The bullets, Colonel. | 子弹给我 中校 |
[1:13:51] | “The bullets, Colonel.” | “子弹给我 中校” |
[1:13:53] | You sound like a guy in “Lives of a Bengal Lancer.” | 你听来像《沙漠骑兵》男主角 |
[1:14:16] | What do you give a shit for? | 你才不关心是吧 |
[1:14:18] | About what? | 你指什么 |
[1:14:20] | About what? | 什么? |
[1:14:23] | About whether I blow my brains out or not. | 我是不是该自己把脑袋打开花 |
[1:14:30] | -Because I have a conscience, you know. -You have a conscience. | -你知道 我有良知 -你有良知 |
[1:14:35] | I forgot. | 我竟然忘了 |
[1:14:39] | The Charlie Conscience. | 查理良知 |
[1:14:43] | Do we tell? Do we not tell? | 要说 还是不说 |
[1:14:47] | Do we follow the rich boy’s code or not? | 要不要听从有钱少爷们 |
[1:14:51] | Do we let this blind asshole die or not? | 要不要让这瞎眼王八蛋去死 |
[1:14:57] | Yeah. Conscience, Charlie. | 良知 查理 |
[1:15:00] | When were you born, son? | 你何时出生的 |
[1:15:03] | Around the time of the Round Table? Hah. | 圆桌武士时代? |
[1:15:07] | Haven’t you heard? | 你听见我没有? |
[1:15:09] | Conscience is dead. | 良知已死 |
[1:15:12] | No, I haven’t heard. | 不 我没听说过 |
[1:15:15] | Well, then, take the fucking wax outta your ears! | 那就他妈的把你耳朵擦干净! |
[1:15:20] | Grow up! | 该长大了! |
[1:15:34] | It’s fuck your buddy. | 滚你妈的蛋 小家伙 |
[1:15:37] | Cheat on your wife. | 欺骗你太太 |
[1:15:42] | Call your mother on Mother’s Day. | 母亲节打电话问候你妈 |
[1:15:47] | Charlie, it’s all shit. | 查理 都是狗屁 |
[1:16:02] | Where you going? | 你去哪里 |
[1:16:04] | I got piss call. | 去上厕所 |
[1:16:08] | I know I said I need you for just one day, | 虽然我说要你多留一天 |
[1:16:12] | but even I can’t hold it that long. | 但我也憋不了那么久 |
[1:16:16] | Oh, and, Charlie, | 查理 |
[1:16:19] | you forgot the one in the chamber. | 枪膛里还剩一颗子弹 |
[1:16:29] | There you go, sir. | 好了 先生 |
[1:16:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:16:37] | Twenty-six years in the service, | 服役26年 |
[1:16:40] | never let an aide shine my shoes. | 从没让助理擦过鞋 |
[1:16:42] | Where you gonna be in 26 years, Charlie? | 26年后你会在哪里 查理? |
[1:16:46] | Playing golf with your friends from the Baird School, I bet. | 和你博德的老友打高尔夫吧 |
[1:16:52] | I don’t even like those guys. | 我根本不喜欢他们 |
[1:16:55] | Course you don’t. They’re all assholes. | 你当然不喜欢 他们都是王八蛋 |
[1:16:58] | Be a pleasure to squeal on them, wouldn’t it? | 能说出他们就好了 不是吗? |
[1:17:01] | -Yeah, well, I’m not a squealer. -“I’m not a squealer.” | -我不是告密的小人 -“我不是告密的小人” |
[1:17:06] | What is this, the Dreyfus case? | 这是什么 德莱弗斯冤案吗? |
[1:17:15] | There you go. | 好了 |
[1:17:17] | -Thank you. -Thank you. | -谢谢 -谢谢你 |
[1:17:20] | Watch your step. | 小心 |
[1:17:25] | I’m getting that heavy feeling again, Charlie. | 我又有预感了 查理 |
[1:17:31] | There’s more to this, isn’t there? | 这事还没完呢 |
[1:17:35] | Isn’t there? | 不是吗 |
[1:17:40] | -I was offered a bribe. -Oh, now we’re cooking. | -有人贿赂我 -有点开窍了 |
[1:17:45] | Mr. Trask, the headmaster, he promised to get me into Harvard. | 校长特拉斯克 答应让我进哈佛 |
[1:17:52] | -If you squeal. -Yeah. | -只要你告密 -是的 |
[1:17:55] | What a dilemma. | 真是左右为难 |
[1:17:57] | Should Charlie Simms accept a free ride into Harvard or not? | 查理·西门该不该搭便车进哈佛 |
[1:18:03] | What do you think your friend George would do if he were in your shoes? | 如果乔治是你 你认为他会怎么办? |
[1:18:07] | -He is, practically. -How? | -他一定会的 -怎么说 |
[1:18:09] | I mean, it’s just that Mr. Trask hasn’t promised to get him into Harvard. | 我是说特拉斯克先生没说要送他进哈佛 |
[1:18:14] | Mr. Trask doesn’t have to. George’s father’s gonna take care of that. | 他没必要 乔治的父亲会想办法 |
[1:18:20] | Do the deal, Charlie. Take it! | 点头吧 查理 |
[1:18:23] | Go to Harvard. | 进哈佛去 |
[1:18:26] | -I can’t do that. -Why not? | -我不能这么做 -为什么不能? |
[1:18:30] | It’s just some things you just can’t do. | 有些事你就是不能做 |
[1:18:34] | Explain them to me. | 解释给我听 |
[1:18:37] | -Louder, please. -I can’t | -大声一点 -我不能 |
[1:18:42] | You’re gonna have a tough time in this world, Charlie. | 你在这世上可要吃苦头了 |
[1:18:47] | To ease the blow, let me buy you a drink. Come on. | 为了让你放轻松 请你喝一杯 走吧 |
[1:18:51] | Double Jack Daniels on the rocks. | 双份杰克·丹尼尔加冰块 |
[1:18:54] | And bring my young friend here a Shirley Temple. | 给我朋友一杯雪莉鸡尾酒 |
[1:18:58] | Hold on. Do you have beer? | 等等 你有啤酒吗? |
[1:19:01] | Certainly. May I see some I.D.? | 当然有 你有证件吗? |
[1:19:03] | Are you interested in walking the rest of your life, chappy? | 你想要一辈子当侍者吗? |
[1:19:06] | I’m sorry, sir, but… | 对不起 先生 但… |
[1:19:08] | I’m a regular here. My boy’s going on 23. | 我是这儿的常客 我儿子都快23了 |
[1:19:11] | Why don’t you call up front, the office? | 你何不打电话问经理 |
[1:19:14] | Mr. Gilbert, he’s a friend of mine. | 吉尔伯特先生是我朋友 |
[1:19:18] | Any particular beer? | 指定要哪个牌子吗? |
[1:19:21] | Schlitz. No Schlitz? | 史利兹 没有的话 |
[1:19:24] | Blatz. No Blatz? | 就要布雷兹 再没有的话 |
[1:19:27] | Improvise. | 那就随便了 |
[1:19:29] | -I’ll do my best, sir. -Thank you, sir. | -一定让您满意 先生 -谢了 |
[1:19:34] | You’re human, Charlie. Beer? | 你总算像人了 查理 喝啤酒 |
[1:19:40] | Who are we drinking with? | 我们在跟谁一块儿喝? |
[1:19:43] | I’m getting a nice soap-and-water feeling from down there. | 上好香皂和水的清香从那飘来 |
[1:19:54] | -Ah… female. -Female? | -女性 -女性? |
[1:19:58] | You’re callin’ her female, must mean you like her or you wouldn’t be so casual. | 女性就表示你对她有意思否则你不会这么漠不关心 |
[1:20:05] | -Is she alone? -Yeah, she’s alone. | -她一个人? -是一个人 |
[1:20:11] | Things are heating up. Chestnut hair? | 好戏要开锣了 栗色发 |
[1:20:14] | Brown, Light brown. | 棕色 淡棕色 |
[1:20:17] | -Twenty-two? -What am I, guy at a carnival? | -二十二岁? -我不太会猜年龄 |
[1:20:25] | The day we stop looking, Charlie, is the day we die. | 活着的时候就要认真观察 查理 |
[1:20:29] | Move. | 行动 |
[1:20:31] | -Where? -You know where, son. | -去哪儿? -你知道哪儿 |
[1:20:34] | Don’t be coy, Charlie. | 别害羞 查理 |
[1:20:37] | This woman is made for you. I can feel it. | 她是上帝为你造的 我有预感 |
[1:20:40] | Goddamn beautiful, isn’t she? | 漂亮死了吧 |
[1:20:43] | -She’s not bad. -Whoo-bingo! The boy’s alive. | -她长得不差 -不错 你的活力来了 |
[1:20:47] | Come on, son, perambulate. | 来吧 大步走 |
[1:20:51] | Perambulate. | 大步走 |
[1:21:02] | Excuse me, senorita, do you mind if we join you? | 打扰您了 小姐 介意我们和您同坐吗? |
[1:21:08] | I’m feeling you’re being neglected. | 我有个您被忽视的感觉 |
[1:21:10] | Well, I’m expecting somebody. | 我在等人 |
[1:21:13] | Instantly? | 他马上就来? |
[1:21:17] | -No, but any minute now. -Any minute? | -不 但随时会到 -随时会到 |
[1:21:21] | Some people live a lifetime in a minute. | 有些人一分钟内过尽一生 |
[1:21:26] | -What are you doing right now? -I’m waiting for him. | -现在你做什么 -我正等他 |
[1:21:30] | Would you mind if we waited with you, | 介不介意我们陪你等 |
[1:21:33] | you know, just to keep the womanizers from bothering you? | 好叫纨绔子弟们别烦你? |
[1:21:40] | No, I don’t mind. | 不 我不介意 |
[1:21:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:21:47] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[1:21:53] | You know, I detect a fragrance in the air. | 你知道吗 我在空气中闻到了香味 |
[1:21:56] | Don’t tell me what it is. | 别告诉我是什么 |
[1:21:59] | Ogilvie Sisters soap. | 欧吉维姐妹香皂 |
[1:22:01] | Ah, that’s amazing. | 真不可思议 |
[1:22:04] | I’m in the amazing business! | 我做的正是不可思议行 |
[1:22:06] | It is Ogilvie Sisters soap. | 就是欧吉维姐妹香皂 |
[1:22:09] | My grandmother gave me three bars for Christmas. | 圣诞节祖母送我的 |
[1:22:12] | I’m crazy about your grandmother. | 我对你祖母着迷了 |
[1:22:14] | I think she’d have liked Charlie too. | 她也一定会喜欢查理 |
[1:22:17] | -Don’t pay any attention to him. -What’s your name? | -别理他 你的芳名是? |
[1:22:19] | Donna. | 唐娜 |
[1:22:21] | -Donna? I’m Frank. This here is… -This is Charlie. | -唐娜 我是弗兰克 这位是… -查理 |
[1:22:26] | Yes. She likes you. | 她喜欢你 |
[1:22:28] | Charlie’s having a difficult weekend. He’s going through a crisis. | 查理有个烦恼的周末 他正在度过一个危机 |
[1:22:31] | How does he look like he’s holding up? | 他看来如何 |
[1:22:34] | He looks fine to me. | 看来还好 |
[1:22:37] | Oh! She does like you, Charlie. | 她真的喜欢你 查理 |
[1:22:44] | So, Donna, ah… do you tango? | 唐娜 你跳探戈吗? |
[1:22:51] | No. I wanted to learn once, but | 不 以前想要学 但是 |
[1:22:54] | But? | 但是什么? |
[1:22:57] | But Michael didn’t want to. | 但是迈克尔不想 |
[1:22:59] | Michael, the one you’re waiting for. | 迈克尔 你在等的人 |
[1:23:03] | Michael thinks the tango’s hysterical. | 迈克尔觉得探戈很可笑 |
[1:23:07] | Well, I think Michael’s hysterical. | 我想迈克尔很可笑 |
[1:23:10] | Don’t pay any attention to him. Did I already say that? | 别理他 我好像说过了 |
[1:23:15] | What a beautiful laugh. | 多美的笑声 |
[1:23:19] | Thank you, Frank. | 谢谢 弗兰克 |
[1:23:26] | Would you like to learn to tango, Donna? | 你想不想学探戈 唐娜? |
[1:23:32] | Right now? | 现在? |
[1:23:34] | I’m offering you my services free of charge. | 我免费服务 |
[1:23:39] | What do you say? | 怎么样 |
[1:23:43] | I think I’d be a little afraid. | 我有点害怕 |
[1:23:46] | Of what? | 害怕什么 |
[1:23:48] | Afraid of making a mistake. | 踩错步 |
[1:23:53] | No mistakes in the tango, not like life. | 探戈里无所谓错步的 不像人生 |
[1:23:57] | It’s simple. That’s what makes the tango so great. | 它简单 所以才棒 |
[1:24:00] | If you make a mistake, get all tangled up, just tango on. | 要是踏错步或绊倒了 继续跳 |
[1:24:05] | Why don’t you try? | 何不试试 |
[1:24:12] | Will you try it? | 你要试试吗? |
[1:24:15] | All right. I’ll give it a try. | 好 那我试试 |
[1:24:18] | Hold me down, son. | 稳住我 孩子 |
[1:24:28] | Your arm. | 你的手 |
[1:24:32] | Charlie, I’m gonna need some coordinates here, son. | 查理 给我一点方位 |
[1:24:37] | The floor’s about 20 by 30, | 舞池大约二十尺乘三十尺 |
[1:24:40] | And you’re at the long end. | 你在舞池这边 |
[1:24:44] | There’s tables on the outside. The band’s on the right. | 外围有些桌子 乐队在右边 |
[1:27:26] | Oh, Frank, you are one incredible dancer. | 弗兰克 你跳得好极了 |
[1:27:34] | Wait’ll you see Charlie dance. | 查理跳得才好呢 |
[1:27:37] | -He’s a liar. I don’t dance. -Isn’t he a charmer, though? | -他撒谎 我不会跳 -他很有魅力 不是吗? |
[1:27:41] | Truth is, not only can he dance, but he’ll sing you a hell of a tune. | 事实上 他不仅会跳 还能唱 |
[1:27:45] | He can do bird calls and imitate Bela Lugosi. | 他会学鸟叫 还会模仿明星贝拉·卢戈西 |
[1:27:48] | Hi, honey. | 亲爱的 |
[1:27:50] | Michael, this is Frank and this is Charlie. | 迈克尔 这位是弗兰克 这位是查理 |
[1:27:53] | -Hi, Frank, Charlie. I’m sorry I’m late. -Oh, that’s okay. | -你们好 弗兰克 查理 抱歉我迟到了 -没关系 |
[1:27:57] | These two gentlemen entertained me and time flew. | 有两位先生陪着我 时间一下子就打发了 |
[1:28:03] | Your girl is a hell of a tango dancer. | 你女友的探戈跳得好极了 |
[1:28:06] | You found someone to tango with. That’s terrific! | 你总算找到人陪你跳探戈了 太棒了 |
[1:28:09] | Let me shake your hand. | 我们握个手 |
[1:28:11] | -No, it was Frank. -Hell, I’ll shake both your hands! | -不 是弗兰克陪我跳的 -那我握你们俩的手 |
[1:28:16] | Honey, this looks like the place, but we gotta go. | 亲爱的 我们得走了 |
[1:28:19] | We got a date with Darryl and Carol in the village. | 我们和代瑞和卡罗尔约好了 |
[1:28:22] | Do you have a check? | 你付账了吗? |
[1:28:24] | -Michael, please. My pleasure. -No, no. I got this. | -迈克尔 我来付 -不不 我来付 |
[1:28:29] | Michael, get your hand outta your pocket. I’ll take it. Really. | 迈克尔 别去拿钱了 我来给 真的 |
[1:28:32] | Allow me. | 让我请吧 |
[1:28:35] | Why, thank you. Bye, guys. | 谢谢了 再会 |
[1:28:40] | Bye. | 再见 |
[1:28:49] | Darryl and Carol. Yeah. | 代瑞和卡罗尔 |
[1:29:01] | It’s Apartment 17 E, Colonel. She’s expecting you. | 十七之一 她在等您呢 |
[1:29:04] | You don’t have to worry about a thing. She’s the creme de la creme. | 您不用担心 她是最红的 |
[1:29:08] | My buddy took the Vice Chancellor of Germany to her. | 德国副议长找过她 |
[1:29:11] | Now he wants to immigrate to this country. | 现在他想移民 |
[1:29:13] | you did good, hombre. | 办得好 |
[1:29:18] | My hair, how is it? | 我的头发 还好吧 |
[1:29:21] | It’s perfect. | 完美 |
[1:29:26] | -I got the red foulard okay, didn’t I? -Yeah, real dark red. | -配红色领巾可以吗? -是啊 深红色 |
[1:29:30] | Burgundy, Charlie, burgundy. | 是葡萄酒色 查理 葡萄酒色 |
[1:29:32] | They love it. | 她们爱死了 |
[1:29:35] | Bay Rum. Windsor knot. | 港湾刮胡水 温莎结 |
[1:29:42] | That’s my heart I’m feeling. | 摸摸我的心 |
[1:29:54] | I’m off. | 走了 |
[1:30:14] | Can you get long distance on this? | 可以打长途电话吗 |
[1:30:16] | And how. Be my guest. | 请自便 |
[1:30:29] | -Sugarbush lodge. -Hi. George Willis, please? | -这里是甘蔗丛宾馆 -请接乔治·威利斯 |
[1:30:32] | One moment, please. | 请稍等 |
[1:30:36] | -Hello? -Ah, Harry? | -喂? -哈瑞? |
[1:30:38] | Chas, how are you? | 查理 你好吗 |
[1:30:40] | You just caught us. We’re about to shoot George over to the airport. | 我们正要带乔治去机场 |
[1:30:43] | Why is George going to the airport? | 他为什么要去机场 |
[1:30:46] | Um, hold on. Maybe you should talk to the man himself. | 慢着 你和他说吧 |
[1:30:51] | -Chas. -Yeah. Hi, George. | -查理 -乔治 |
[1:30:53] | -You just caught me. -Harry said. Where you going? | -晚一步我就走了 -我知道 你要去哪 |
[1:30:57] | -Home. -To Boston? | -回家 -回波士顿? |
[1:31:00] | Catching the puddle jumper. Keep your fingers crossed. | 祝我好运 |
[1:31:03] | What are you going home for? | 你为什么要回家? |
[1:31:06] | I was thinking, Chas. This asshole, Trask? | 我想 特拉斯克个混蛋 |
[1:31:10] | He’s making no sense at all. | 也太不讲理了 |
[1:31:13] | Somebody’s gotta talk to him. My father’s Class of ’59. | 得有人和他说说 我爸是五九年那届的 |
[1:31:17] | Your father? I thought we were gonna keep our parents outta this. | 你爸爸? 我们约好不告诉父母的 |
[1:31:20] | This guy Trask is outta control, Chas. Outta control! | 特拉斯克这家伙疯了 真疯了! |
[1:31:25] | Somebody’s gotta talk to him. | 一定要有人出面 |
[1:31:27] | -My father’s a major fund-raiser, you know. -No, I didn’t. | -你知道我爸又是主要捐款人 -我不知道 |
[1:31:31] | Just relax. He’ll get us off the hook. | 别紧张 我爸会解决 |
[1:31:35] | -I gotta go. Everything all right? -Sure. | -我要走了 还好吧? -还好 |
[1:31:38] | -I’ll see you Monday. Good-bye. -Bye. | -周一见 -再见 |
[1:32:06] | -Good night, sir. -Good night. | -晚安 先生 -晚安 |
[1:32:21] | Hiya, Charlie. | 查理 |
[1:32:24] | Watch the door. | 小心门 |
[1:32:44] | What a beautiful woman. | 好漂亮的女人 |
[1:33:32] | Colonel? | 中校 |
[1:33:46] | Colonel, you all right? | 中校 你还好吧 |
[1:33:50] | What is there? | 干什么 |
[1:33:56] | It’s afternoon. You’ve been sleeping all morning. | 都下午了 一早上你都在睡 |
[1:34:02] | So what? | 又怎样 |
[1:34:04] | I don’t know. I thought | 没什么 |
[1:34:12] | I talked to George last night. | 昨晚我和乔治通了电话 |
[1:34:14] | His, His father’s a big-deal alumnus at school. He’s got a lot of pull. | 他的 他爸爸是很有势力的校友 |
[1:34:21] | Really? | 是吗? |
[1:34:24] | Yeah, he’s, ah, he’s gonna talk to the headmaster. | 他要去和校长谈 |
[1:34:31] | George thinks he might be able to get us off the hook. | 乔治说他爸爸能帮我们脱险 |
[1:34:34] | “Get us off the hook.” | “帮我们脱险” |
[1:34:37] | Yeah, that’s, that’s what he said. | 他是这么说的 |
[1:34:39] | Watch the “us” part. | 当心他所谓的我们 |
[1:34:45] | Colonel, don’t you wanna get up and do something? | 中校 要不要去逛逛? |
[1:34:52] | Colonel? | 中校? |
[1:34:54] | Oh, Charlie, what do you want? | 查理 你想怎么做? |
[1:34:58] | I don’t know! | 不知道 |
[1:35:00] | But you’re making me nervous. | 但是你弄的我很紧张 |
[1:35:06] | My wallet is on the dresser. | 我的皮夹在抽屉里 |
[1:35:09] | Take out your plane ticket and 400 dollar mustering-out pay, | 拿走你的机票和四百块钱退伍津帖 |
[1:35:16] | plus airport-to-school taxi. | 外加机场到学校的车费 |
[1:35:25] | Colonel, it’s no rush. I mean, I can | 中校 我不急着回去 我是说 我可以 |
[1:35:28] | I could stay for a while. | 我可以再待一会儿 |
[1:35:30] | Charlie, you already gave me a day. | 查理 你已给了我一天 |
[1:35:34] | For that day, I am eternally grateful. | 就为那天 我永远感激 |
[1:35:40] | But right now I have other plans. | 但现在我另有计划 |
[1:35:44] | What other plans do you have? | 什么计划? |
[1:35:49] | To die, son. | 死 孩子 |
[1:35:51] | Colonel, you’re… | 中校 你… |
[1:35:55] | Come on, Colonel, you’re not gonna die today. | 你今天可不能去死 |
[1:35:58] | Charlie, give me your hand. | 查理 把你的手给我 |
[1:36:06] | You go now, boy. Okay? | 你现在就走 好吗? |
[1:36:10] | You go. Just, uh, just leave me sleep here. | 你走 就留我在这里睡觉 |
[1:36:19] | Look, uh, can we start over, please? | 我们再试试 好吗? |
[1:36:23] | What do you feel like doing today, huh? | 你今天想做什么 |
[1:36:27] | I mean, look at this. The sun is shining! | 你看 太阳这么好 |
[1:36:30] | It’s a beautiful day. | 今天好美 |
[1:36:35] | Colonel, I know you don’t want to be a party poop, | 中校 我知道你不会想扫我兴致的 |
[1:36:39] | so let’s go out and do something, huh? Let’s go for a ride. | 我们出去活动一下 去兜兜风 |
[1:36:48] | Yeah, a ride. | 对 兜兜风 |
[1:36:50] | A ride? | 兜风? |
[1:36:54] | Yeah, Colonel Slade, what do you say? | 对 中校 怎么样? |
[1:36:57] | Let’s go for a ride, huh? | 我们去兜风 |
[1:37:07] | What kind of ride? | 哪一种兜风法? |
[1:37:11] | Yeah, this is a valid Oregon driver’s license, | 这张俄勒冈驾照有效 |
[1:37:14] | and we let appropriate customers test-drive the Testarossa. | 信得过的顾客可以试泰德·萝莎 |
[1:37:17] | But you’re 17 and with a blind companion. That we don’t do. | 但是你只有十七岁同伴又失明 这我们无能为力 |
[1:37:21] | This is a $190,000 piece of machinery. | 这车值十九万 |
[1:37:24] | -I’m not letting it out this door. -How ’bout this one over here? | -我不能让它这样出门 -那这边这部呢? |
[1:37:28] | That’s a Cabriolet T. The same deal. | 那是加布·雷提 一样的价格 |
[1:37:31] | Think I’m gonna let an unaccompanied kid get behind the wheel of a $110,000 car? | 我不能让小孩独自开走十一万的车 |
[1:37:35] | He will not be unaccompanied. | 他会有伴的 |
[1:37:38] | I’ll be with him. I’m his father. | 我会和他一起试车 我是他父亲 |
[1:37:41] | -You’re his father? -Yes. | -你是他父亲? -是的 |
[1:37:44] | I have an idea. Why don’t I take your father for a test-drive? | 这样吧 我带你父亲去试车怎样? |
[1:37:48] | -What’s your quota, Freddie? -Don’t worry about my quota. I do well. | -你的业绩要多少 弗雷迪? -不劳费心 我干得很好 |
[1:37:52] | How many Ferraris you sold this month? | 这个月你卖了几辆法拉利? |
[1:37:54] | That’s not relevant to this discussion. | 那跟我们的讨论没关系 |
[1:37:57] | Freddie, the 80s are over. | 弗雷迪 八零年代结束了 |
[1:37:59] | Are you trying to tell me these are just walking outta the store? | 这些奢侈品不好送出门吧? |
[1:38:02] | This is a Ferrari, the finest machinery made in the automobile industry. | 这可是法拉利 汽车工业的最佳出品 |
[1:38:06] | If you like it that much, why don’t you sleep with it? why are you selling it? | 你要那么喜欢它 何不跟它睡一块儿? 为什么又在卖这车? |
[1:38:09] | -I’d love to accommodate you but… -If this car performs the way I expect it to, | -我很愿意帮忙 但是… -如果这车符合我的期望 |
[1:38:14] | you’ll get a certified check of $101,000 and change when in you come tomorrow. | 明天一早你会拿到一张十万一千元的支票 |
[1:38:19] | It’s $109,000, plus $950, plus tax. | 售价是十万九千块 加上九百五十块和税 |
[1:38:24] | Freddie, for you 107 all in, | 弗雷迪 就为你我加到十万七千元 |
[1:38:29] | plus a case of champagne to go with your leftover turkey. | 外送一箱香槟让你配剩火鸡喝 |
[1:38:33] | What do you say? Don’t worry about the boy. | 如何? 不用担心这孩子 |
[1:38:37] | He drives so smooth, you can boil an egg on the engine. | 他开车稳得可以在引擎上煮蛋 |
[1:38:41] | When we bring the car back, I’ll peel the egg for you. | 还车的时候 我来剥蛋 |
[1:38:44] | Listen, you made me laugh, but I can’t let the car go out. | 你把我逗笑了 但车不能给你 |
[1:38:50] | Want a deposit? | 要不要押金? |
[1:38:52] | This is not an installment item, sir. | 我们不搞分期付款的项目 先生 |
[1:38:58] | Freddie, you’re no spring chicken, are you? | 弗雷迪 你又不是生手 对吧? |
[1:39:04] | Well, you know what they call me at the home office? The gray ghost. | 你知道同事叫我什么吗? 老黑爵 |
[1:39:08] | You know why they still keep me around? | 你知道为什么他们还留我吗? |
[1:39:10] | There’s no kid here that can move a Ferrari like I can. | 因为后生小辈卖不掉法拉利 |
[1:39:14] | I’m known from coast to coast like butter and toast. | 从东岸到西岸人尽皆知 |
[1:39:17] | Ask anybody about Freddie Bisco. | 随便找人问问弗雷迪 |
[1:39:19] | When I get a Ferrari, out the door! | 进来一部 我就卖掉一部 |
[1:39:22] | -Hah! You just made me laugh, Freddie. -Yeah? | -你才逗我笑 弗雷迪 -是吗? |
[1:39:26] | Two thousand. | 两千块 |
[1:39:30] | Unless you take it, you’re gonna make me cry. | 你不拿 我可要哭了 |
[1:39:36] | I’m a gray ghost too. | 我也是老黑爵 |
[1:39:49] | See? This is fun, isn’t it? | 看吧 很过瘾吧 |
[1:40:05] | Drop her into neutral. | 放空档 |
[1:40:09] | Slide her into second. Pop the clutch. | 推二档 放离合器 |
[1:40:50] | Straight. Hold it right like that. Feel it? | 开直 就这样开 |
[1:40:54] | That’s straight. Just keep it straight. | 直点 开直 |
[1:41:00] | -Keep it straight. -No fun just to keep it straight. | -开直 -开直就没意思了 |
[1:41:03] | You’ve got to move a little bit, feel the road. | 要猛一点才够劲 |
[1:41:06] | Please? Just like this. All right? There you go. | 拜托 就这么开 好吗 |
[1:41:09] | Take it nice and easy. | 稳稳的 |
[1:41:12] | Do you like this? | 喜欢吗? |
[1:41:18] | Slow it down a little. You going a little fast. | 放慢点 开太快了 |
[1:41:21] | Colonel, slow it down. | 中校 放慢点 |
[1:41:25] | Something’s happened to my foot! | 我的脚出问题了 |
[1:41:28] | -Slow it down, please. -Hold on, Charlie. | -慢点 拜托 -稳住 查理 |
[1:41:31] | I think I’ve got another gear. | 分明有另一档可以用 |
[1:41:33] | Colonel Slade? | 史雷德中校? |
[1:41:37] | Oh shit! Watch out! | 糟糕! 看路! |
[1:41:44] | You’ll get us killed! | 你要害我们送命! |
[1:41:46] | Don’t blame me, Charlie. I can’t see! | 别怪我 查理 我看不到 |
[1:41:50] | Colonel, slow it down! | 中校 慢点 |
[1:42:01] | Oh, God. Oh, Jesus! | 上帝! |
[1:42:04] | Now let’s see how this baby corners. | 看看这个宝贝怎么转弯 |
[1:42:07] | -Corners? -Yeah. Say when. | -转弯? -对啊 给我信号 |
[1:42:10] | -Say when what? -Say when to turn. | -什么? -转变信号 |
[1:42:13] | -Colonel, you can’t turn the car. -Where’s the turn, Charlie? | -中校 你不能转弯 -在哪转 查理? |
[1:42:16] | 3:00? 2:00? Right oblique? Right face? | 三点钟方位? 两点? 右转? |
[1:42:20] | Come on! Talk to me! | 快啊 说啊 |
[1:42:22] | it’s left, I guess. | 转左 |
[1:42:25] | Left. I knew it. Okay. Now? | 我知道转左 现在? |
[1:42:30] | No, no! Not now! Not now! | 不是 不是现在 |
[1:42:32] | -Now? -Colonel, please? | -现在? -拜托 |
[1:42:35] | Charlie, I’m gonna do it anyway. Whether you say so or not, here we go! | 查理 我要转了 不管你同不同意 |
[1:42:40] | Okay! Wait, wait, wait! Just wait! | 好 等等 等一下 |
[1:42:42] | Here I go. | 我要转了 |
[1:42:44] | Wait… now! | 慢着 转! |
[1:42:52] | I did it! Oh, Charlie! | 我转成了 查理 |
[1:42:57] | You’re riding with one very happy man! | 你的同伴很快乐 |
[1:43:02] | -Turn again! -Be specific, son. | -你还得再转 -要仔细 |
[1:43:05] | -Left now! -Okay. | -向左转 -好 |
[1:43:11] | I love this! | 爱死这游戏了 |
[1:43:14] | I love it! Shall we take it to the max? | 爱死了! 我们试试最高速? |
[1:43:18] | Let me out. | 我要下车 |
[1:43:21] | Shit! The yellow flag. | 妈的 拉警报 |
[1:43:25] | I hadn’t even opened her up yet. | 我还没开始冲呢 |
[1:43:28] | -Which way’s the curb? -Pull over. Slow down! | -哪边是路侧 -靠边停 放慢 中校 |
[1:43:30] | -Slow down, Colonel. -All right, I’m doing it. | -放慢 中校 -我知道 |
[1:43:32] | -Pull over to the curb. Slow it down. -Yep, yep. Got it. | -放慢 -是 我知道 |
[1:43:47] | -Oh, Christ. -Ooh, I haven’t had a ticket in years. | -上帝 -我几年来都没拿罚单 |
[1:43:54] | I’ll do the talking. | 我来应付 |
[1:44:02] | License and registration. | 驾照和车牌 |
[1:44:15] | What? Are you test-driving this baby? | 什么? 在试这部小宝贝? |
[1:44:18] | Don’t she purr though? | 很神吧? |
[1:44:20] | At 70 miles an hour? | 时速七十英哩? |
[1:44:23] | You should hear her at 125. Hah! | 你该看看她一百廿五的英姿 |
[1:44:26] | Where’s your license? | 驾照呢 |
[1:44:29] | At the dealer’s. | 在车行 |
[1:44:31] | They give it back when you return the car. | 还车的时候才拿 |
[1:44:35] | -You got I.D.? -You bet. | -你有身份证? -可不是 |
[1:44:40] | Indeed. | 在此 |
[1:44:46] | Lt. Col. Slade. | 史雷得中校 |
[1:44:48] | And you, solider? | 你呢 警员? |
[1:44:50] | The name is police officer Gore. | 我是高尔警官 |
[1:44:54] | Doing a hell of a job, Gore. | 你执勤认真 |
[1:44:57] | And so are you, Colonel. Who’s the kid? | 你也不差 中校 这孩子是谁? |
[1:45:02] | My boy Charlie. | 查理 |
[1:45:05] | He kept telling me to “Let her out.” | 一直叫我开 |
[1:45:07] | What was I gonna do, disappoint him? | 她出来能让他失望吗 |
[1:45:09] | Yes. | 当然 |
[1:45:15] | Tell you what I’m gonna do. I’m gonna let you go on one condition. | 这么办吧 我放你一马 但有个条件 |
[1:45:20] | -What’s that? -You take this rig straight back to the dealer. | -什么? -马上把车送回车行 |
[1:45:26] | -You got it. -Shut up. | -没问题 -闭嘴 |
[1:45:30] | -You want this? -Sure. Gore? | -要这个吗? -当然 高尔 |
[1:45:35] | Your face and your voice are familiar. | 你的脸孔和声音我很熟 |
[1:45:39] | -You ever in the officer’s club at Da Nang? -No. | -加入过丹纳的军官俱乐部吗? -没有 |
[1:45:43] | -Never in the army? -No. Coast Guard. | -也没进过陆军? -没有 海岸防卫队而已 |
[1:45:49] | Good Lord. Hah! Hah! | 老天 |
[1:45:56] | Your dad is looking good, Charlie. | 你爸气色不错 查理 |
[1:45:58] | He’s got a heavy foot. Tell him to take it light. All right? | 就是喜欢开快车 劝他开慢点 |
[1:46:03] | -I hear you! -Thanks. | -知道了 -谢谢 |
[1:46:19] | Get out of the car, ’cause you are not driving anymore. | 下车 不准你再开了 |
[1:46:23] | Just keeping this baby warm, that’s all. | 我在暖车罢了 |
[1:46:27] | I’m not driving anymore. | 我不再开了 |
[1:46:34] | Yes. | 好的 |
[1:46:40] | -Take my arm. -I’m okay. | -扶着我的肩膀 -我没事 |
[1:46:43] | -Colonel, it’s really bumpy here. -Yeah, bumpy. | -中校 这路不平 -是的 不平 |
[1:46:59] | You all right? | 还好吧 |
[1:47:04] | Yeah. | 还好 |
[1:47:13] | Red light. Hold it. | 红灯 中校 别走 |
[1:47:21] | Taking too long. | 这么久 |
[1:47:27] | Shit! Colonel! Colonel? | 天呐 中校! 中校! |
[1:47:40] | Colonel! | 中校! |
[1:47:42] | Shit! You all right? | 你没事吧 |
[1:47:45] | What the hell are you doing? | 你干什么你? |
[1:47:47] | -Take the cane. -I gotta take a piss. | -拿好拐杖啊 -我要小便 |
[1:47:49] | -Take the cane, Colonel. -It happens to the best of us. | -拿好拐杖 中校 -小便不能忍 |
[1:47:52] | We’re on Park Avenue. You can’t go to the bathroom. | 不能在公园大道小便 |
[1:47:54] | -Perfect place. -You’ll get arrested. | -最好不过 -警察会抓你的 |
[1:47:58] | Never been housebroken. Ohh! | 我从来不乱尿 |
[1:48:00] | Shit! What’s the matter with you, Colonel? | 你到底怎么搞的 中校? |
[1:48:11] | What are you doing? Stand up. | 你在干什么 快站起来 |
[1:48:15] | Come on. | 别乱来 |
[1:48:17] | I’m tired, Charlie. I’m tired. | 我好累 查理 我好累 |
[1:48:22] | Give me your arm. | 让我握你手臂 |
[1:48:25] | Here’s your cane. | 你的拐杖 |
[1:48:28] | Take me back to the hotel, son. | 带我回旅馆 孩子 |
[1:48:36] | Home at last. | 总算到家了 |
[1:48:59] | You all right now? | 你还好吧? |
[1:49:03] | Yeah. | 好 |
[1:49:08] | -Do you want to use the bathroom? -No. | -要不要上厕所 -不要 |
[1:49:20] | -Can I get you something? -No. | -需要什么吗? -不要 |
[1:49:27] | -You sure you’re all right? -I’m fine, Charlie. | -你真的没事? -我很好 查理 |
[1:49:48] | Do you mind if I use the phone? | 我可以打电话吗? |
[1:49:51] | Go ahead. | 打吧 |
[1:50:11] | -Hello? -Hi, is George there, please? | -您好? -请问乔治在吗? |
[1:50:15] | Senior or Junior? | 小乔还是老乔? |
[1:50:17] | Junior. | 小乔 |
[1:50:19] | -Who’s this? -A friend of his from school. | -哪位? -他学校的朋友 |
[1:50:22] | George isn’t going to be talking to any friends from school right now. | 他不能跟任何朋友讲话了 |
[1:50:29] | -Oh. -Good-bye. | -好吧 -再见 |
[1:50:48] | Colonel, are you looking at me? | 你在瞪我吗 上校? |
[1:50:54] | I’m blind, Charlie. | 我是瞎子 查理 |
[1:51:02] | I’m gonna take a nap. | 我要去睡一会儿 |
[1:51:06] | Too much fresh air. | 兜风太久 |
[1:51:09] | It’s probably a good idea. | 那是个好主意 |
[1:51:13] | Want me to help you to your room? | 我扶你进房 |
[1:51:16] | No. Couch. I like this couch here. | 不用 我睡沙发 我喜欢这张沙发 |
[1:51:26] | You sure you’re all right, Colonel? | 你确定你没事 中校? |
[1:51:28] | I got a headache. | 我头痛 |
[1:51:36] | Why don’t you go downstairs, get me some Aspirin, Charlie? | 下楼去替我买阿斯匹灵吧查理 |
[1:51:39] | -Some Aspirin. -Yeah. Also… | -好的 -另外… |
[1:51:45] | I feel like a cigar. | 再带根雪茄 |
[1:51:48] | Get me a couple of Monte Cristos, number one. | 给我蒙地奎斯特一号的 |
[1:51:53] | -Monte Cristos, number one. -Yeah. | -蒙地奎斯特一号 -对 |
[1:51:56] | You won’t be able to get them at the newsstand downstairs. | 楼下小店不会有 |
[1:51:59] | So why don’t you go over to | 那你就过街 |
[1:52:01] | Fiftieth and Fifth, Dunhill’s. | 到街口的唐喜商店买 |
[1:52:05] | Fella name of Arnold in the humidor. | 叫阿诺的在掌柜 |
[1:52:08] | Tell him, um, they’re for me. | 告诉他是我要的 |
[1:52:12] | He’ll know. | 他知道的 |
[1:53:03] | You’re back too fast. | 你回来的太快了 |
[1:53:08] | You didn’t get my cigars, did you? | 你一定没替我买雪茄 是吧? |
[1:53:15] | Get out of here, Charlie. | 滚开 查理 |
[1:53:21] | I thought we had a deal. | 我们已经讲清楚了 |
[1:53:23] | I welched. I’m a welcher. Didn’t I tell you? | 我毁约 我爱毁约 没告诉过你吗? |
[1:53:29] | No, what you told me was that you gave me all the bullets. | 没有 你说要把所有子弹给我 |
[1:53:32] | I lied. | 骗你的 |
[1:53:37] | -Yeah, well, you could have fooled me. -And I did. | -你是把我骗住了 -可不是 |
[1:53:43] | Charlie, how you ever gonna survive in this world without me? | 查理 没有我你怎么办 |
[1:53:51] | Why don’t you just give me the gun, all right? | 把枪给我好吗 |
[1:54:02] | Wh–What are you doing? | 你干什么 |
[1:54:06] | I’m gonna shoot you too. | 我也会一枪打死你 |
[1:54:11] | Your life’s finished anyway. | 反正你已经完了 |
[1:54:13] | Your friend George’s gonna sing like a canary. | 乔治会见风转舵 |
[1:54:17] | And so are you. | 你也一样 |
[1:54:19] | And once you’ve sung, Charlie, my boy, | 一旦如此 查理 |
[1:54:22] | you’re gonna take your place on that long, gray line of American manhood. | 你在那乏味的成人队伍中就占有一席之地了 |
[1:54:30] | And you will be through. | 你也就完了 |
[1:54:33] | I’d like to disagree with you, Colonel. | 我不同意你的说法 中校 |
[1:54:36] | You’re in no position to disagree with me, boy. | 你没资格不同意 孩子 |
[1:54:39] | I got a loaded 45 here. You got pimples. | 四五手枪在我手里 你只有粉刺 |
[1:54:42] | I’m gonna kill you, Charlie, because I can’t bear the thought of you selling out! | 我要把你杀了 查理 因为我不能忍受看你去出卖原则! |
[1:54:50] | Put the gun down, all right, Colonel? | 把枪放下 中校 |
[1:54:53] | What? You giving me an ultimatum? | 什么 你在下最后通牒? |
[1:54:56] | No, I’m… | 不 我… |
[1:54:59] | I give the ultimatums! | 最后通牒由我来下 |
[1:55:03] | I’m sorry. All right? I’m sorry. | 我错了 行吗 我错了 |
[1:55:12] | It’s all right, Charlie. | 我也道歉 查理 |
[1:55:21] | You break my heart, son. | 你伤我的心 孩子 |
[1:55:24] | All my life I stood up to everyone and everything | 我这一生反抗任何人所有事 |
[1:55:30] | because it made me feel important. | 只有这样我才觉得自己重要 |
[1:55:37] | You do it ’cause you mean it. | 但你却是为了你的原则而反抗 |
[1:55:42] | You got integrity, Charlie. | 你很正直 查理 |
[1:55:48] | I don’t know whether to shoot you or adopt you. | 我不知道该打死你还是收养你 |
[1:55:54] | Not much of a choice, is it, sir? | 很为难 是吧 |
[1:55:57] | Aw, don’t get cute now. | 少耍嘴皮子 |
[1:56:00] | -Colonel, please put the gun away? -I asked you a question. | -中校 请把枪放下好吗 -我在问你问题 |
[1:56:04] | Do you want me to adopt you or don’t you? | 你要不要我收养你 |
[1:56:08] | Please? I mean… | 请放下枪 |
[1:56:11] | -you’re just in a slump right now. -Slump? | -你现在只是情绪低落 -情绪低落? |
[1:56:18] | No slump, Charlie. | 不是 查理 |
[1:56:22] | I’m bad. | 我是坏人 |
[1:56:26] | I’m not bad. No. | 不 我不很坏 |
[1:56:30] | I’m rotten. | 我烂掉了 |
[1:56:35] | You’re not bad. | 你不坏 |
[1:56:40] | Y–You’re just in pain. | 只是痛苦而已 |
[1:56:48] | What do you know about pain? | 你懂什么叫痛苦? |
[1:56:52] | Hmm? You little snail darter from the Pacific Northwest. | 你一直在西北海钓小鱼 |
[1:56:59] | What the fuck you know about pain? | 你妈的懂什么叫痛苦? |
[1:57:05] | Let me have the gun, Colonel. | 把枪给我 中校 |
[1:57:07] | No time to grow a dick, son. | 想充大人不容易 孩子 |
[1:57:10] | Just, just give me the gun, all right, Colonel? | 请把枪给我 好吗 中校 |
[1:57:16] | I’m talking a parade ground. Ten-hut! | 你最好别动 立正 |
[1:57:22] | Soldier, that was a direct order. | 小兵 那可是命令 |
[1:57:27] | Give me the gun? | 枪给我 |
[1:57:33] | You can stay or you can leave. | 要走要留随便你 |
[1:57:36] | You understand? Either way, I’m gonna do this thing. | 懂吗 反正我会用到这玩意儿 |
[1:57:44] | Now why don’t you leave and spare yourself? | 现在你何不避开点 |
[1:57:50] | I want your gun, Colonel. | 给我枪 中校 |
[1:58:01] | I’m gonna give myself a count. | 我自己来计时 |
[1:58:09] | You need a count for balance. | 计时有助平衡 |
[1:58:15] | Five, four… three… two… | 五 四… 三… 二… |
[1:58:28] | one. Fuck it. | 一 他妈的 |
[1:58:39] | Gimme! Fuck it! | 给我! |
[1:58:45] | -Get out of here! -I’m staying right here! | -滚出去 -我就不走 |
[1:58:47] | -Get outta here! -I’m staying right here. | -滚开 -我不走 |
[1:58:50] | -I’ll blow your fucking head off! -Then do it! | -我射烂你脑袋 -射呀 |
[1:58:53] | You want to do it? Do it! Let’s go. | 你要射就射 快啊 |
[1:59:02] | Get outta here! | 滚蛋 |
[1:59:06] | You fucked up, all right? So what? | 你搞砸了 又怎样呢 |
[1:59:08] | So everybody does it. Get on with your life, would you? | 人人都会犯错 你该勇往直前啊 |
[1:59:12] | What life? I got no life! | 直什么前 我早完了 |
[1:59:19] | I’m in the dark here! | 我活在黑暗里 |
[1:59:23] | You understand? I’m in the dark! | 你明白吗 活在黑暗里 |
[1:59:33] | So give up. You want to give up, give up… | 那放弃算了 尽管自暴自弃吧 |
[1:59:37] | ’cause I’m givin’ up too. | 我也要放弃了 |
[1:59:39] | You said I’m through. You’re right. | 你讲的对 我完了 |
[1:59:41] | We’re both through. It’s all over. | 我们都完了 没希望了 |
[1:59:43] | So let’s get on with it. Let’s fucking do it. | 妈的就干吧 |
[1:59:46] | Let’s fucking pull the trigger, you miserable blind motherfucker. | 扣他妈的扳机 你这死瞎子 |
[1:59:59] | Pull the trigger. | 扣扳机啊 |
[2:00:03] | Here we go, Charlie. | 预备了 查理 |
[2:00:06] | I’m ready. | 我好了 |
[2:00:16] | You don’t want to die. | 你不想死 |
[2:00:20] | And neither do you. | 你也不想死 |
[2:00:25] | Give me one reason not to. | 再给我一个理由 |
[2:00:33] | I’ll give you two. you can dance the tango and drive a Ferrari | 我给两个 你跳探戈和开法拉利 |
[2:00:36] | better than anyone I’ve ever seen. | 比我见过的任何人都棒 |
[2:00:44] | You never seen anyone do either. | 你以前没看过吧 |
[2:00:51] | Give me the gun, Colonel. | 把枪给我 中校 |
[2:01:04] | Oh, where do I go from here, Charlie? | 我该怎么办 查理? |
[2:01:07] | If you’re tangled up, just tango on. | 烦心了就跳探戈 |
[2:01:13] | You asking me to dance, Charlie? | 你要请我跳舞 查理? |
[2:01:23] | Did you ever have the feeling that you wanted to go? | 你从没想过要翩然离去? |
[2:01:29] | And still had the feeling that you wanted to stay | 心里又渴望留下 |
[2:01:50] | You like my blues, Charlie? | 你喜欢我的蓝制服 查理? |
[2:01:55] | Yeah, they’re beautiful. | 对 很漂亮 |
[2:01:59] | I wore these for Lyndon’s inauguration. | 我穿它们参加林德的就职大典 |
[2:02:07] | Of course, uh, we weren’t the number one ball. | 当然 我们不是最重要的来宾 |
[2:02:15] | But he dropped by anyway. | 但他过来打招呼了 |
[2:02:19] | Will you please give me the gun? | 请把枪给我 |
[2:02:26] | You’re asking an officer to surrender his side arm. | 你在要求一个军官缴出他的武器 |
[2:02:32] | You don’t have to surrender it. You just put it down for a little while. | 你不必缴出 放下就好了 |
[2:02:38] | All right? Just put it down. | 放下来吧 好吗 |
[2:02:51] | Boy, I could use a drink, Charlie. | 我需要喝一杯 查理 |
[2:02:58] | How about a cup of coffee? | 咖啡好吗? |
[2:03:01] | Too big a leap for me right now, Charlie. | 我要三思而行 查理 |
[2:03:06] | Maybe tomorrow. Hah! | 也许明天再死 |
[2:03:10] | No, a Mr. John Daniels would be preferred. | 不 还是来杯杰克·丹尼尔吧 |
[2:03:17] | No water, Charlie. | 别掺水 查理 |
[2:03:21] | No water. | 不掺水 |
[2:03:23] | Please. | 麻烦你了 |
[2:03:33] | Here’s your drink, Colonel. | 你的酒 中校 |
[2:03:40] | Oh. I’m so sorry. | 对不起 |
[2:03:44] | What time do you want me to turn down the bed? | 什么时候帮你铺床? |
[2:03:46] | -Uh, maybe later, all right? -What he means, senorita, | -等会儿吧 -他的意思是 小姐 |
[2:03:52] | is come right in. | 坐过来 |
[2:03:57] | -Later, please? -Yes, sir. | -等会儿 -好多 先生 |
[2:04:01] | Good afternoon. | 午安 |
[2:04:07] | Nice voice. | 声音不赖 |
[2:04:13] | Boy, you have a one-track mind. | 你老想着一件事 |
[2:04:15] | Mm-hmm. Is there anything else in this world, Charlie? | 这世上还有别的事吗 查理? |
[2:04:21] | -Not for you. -You know what’s kept me going all these years? | -对你可没有 -你知道我前进的动力吗? |
[2:04:28] | The thought that one day | 就是梦想有一天 |
[2:04:42] | Never mind. | 算了 |
[2:04:44] | The what? | 什么? |
[2:04:48] | Silly. | 可笑 |
[2:04:52] | Just the thought that maybe one day, I’d… | 就是梦想也许有一天… |
[2:04:59] | I could have a woman’s arms wrapped around me | 能有女人双臂抱着我 |
[2:05:04] | and her legs wrapped around me. | 双腿缠着我 |
[2:05:08] | And what? | 然后呢? |
[2:05:15] | That I could wake up in the morning and she’d still be there. | 早晨我睁开眼睛而她还在 |
[2:05:21] | Smell of her. | 她的味道 |
[2:05:23] | All funky and warm. | 甜腻而温暖 |
[2:05:30] | I finally gave up on it. | 后来我就死心了 |
[2:05:35] | I don’t know why you can’t have that. | 我不懂这为什么不可能 |
[2:05:41] | You know, when we get back to New Hampshire, | 我们回新罕布尔以后 我们来物色 |
[2:05:43] | I don’t know why you can’t find someone. | 我不懂你为什么找不到人 |
[2:05:47] | I mean, you’re a good-looking guy, | 我是说 你这么帅 |
[2:05:50] | and you’re fun to be with, | 而且你很风趣 |
[2:05:54] | and you’re a great travel companion, sensitive, compassionate. | 又是旅途良伴 而且细心 富同情心 |
[2:06:03] | Charlie, are you fucking with me? | 查理 你在逗我是吧 |
[2:06:11] | Yes. | 是的 |
[2:06:17] | Yeah? Hey, Manny. | 喂 曼尼 |
[2:06:23] | My God. We missed our plane. | 我们错过班机了 |
[2:06:27] | Your plane, Charlie. My ticket was one-way. | 你的班机 查理 我的机票是单程 |
[2:06:33] | -New England Thruway all the way, Colonel? -All the way, Rinaldo. | -走新英格兰大道吗 中校? -一路到底 |
[2:06:49] | I’m getting that heavy feeling again, Charlie. | 我的预感又来了 查理 |
[2:06:59] | I think you were right about George and his father. | 我想你对乔治父子的看法很对 |
[2:07:02] | -Uh, I’m sorry to hear that. -When we get back, | -真遗憾 -回去以后 |
[2:07:05] | Mr. Trask is bringing us up in front of the whole school. | 特拉斯克会叫我们在全校同学面前出列 |
[2:07:09] | Putting your feet to the fire, huh? | 抓你的脚到火堆前? |
[2:07:11] | Special meeting of the Disciplinary Committee. | 生活委员会召开的特别会议 |
[2:07:16] | And what are you gonna tell them? | 你要怎么说? |
[2:07:21] | I don’t know. I’ll think of something. | 我不知道 我会找些话题 |
[2:07:25] | Oh, Charlie, why are you all alone in this thing? | 查理 你怎么会落单呢 |
[2:07:29] | Hmm? Where’s your father? | 你爸爸在哪里? |
[2:07:34] | He left. | 走了 |
[2:07:37] | I thought it was a mom-and-pop store. Who’s the “pop”? | 我以为你家的店是父母开的 谁是爸爸? |
[2:07:42] | -It’s my stepfather. -Oh, yeah. | -我继父 -原来这样 |
[2:07:49] | But why isn’t he in on this? | 他怎么不管这事 |
[2:07:51] | Something wrong with him? | 他有毛病? |
[2:07:53] | No, he’s okay. We just, uh, | 没有 他没问题 |
[2:07:57] | -We don’t get along very well. -Why not? | -我们只是处不来而已 -为什么 |
[2:08:02] | ‘Cause he’s an asshole. | 因为他是混球 |
[2:08:08] | Well, that’s all right, Charlie. | 倒也无妨 查理 |
[2:08:13] | Every family’s got one nowadays. | 每家都有一个 |
[2:08:46] | -That’s it? -That’s it. | -就这些? -就这些 |
[2:08:49] | -Take care of yourself, kid. -All right, Manny. Thanks. | -保重 孩子 -好的 曼尼 谢了 |
[2:08:57] | No, I’m not open. | 不 我不开窗 |
[2:09:01] | I hate good-byes. | 我痛恨道别 |
[2:09:05] | So, uh, you’ll be all right, huh? | 那么 你不会有事吧 |
[2:09:10] | I’ll be fine. | 不会 |
[2:09:14] | All right. | 那好 |
[2:09:16] | What’s that? | 什么玩意 |
[2:09:21] | Uh, that’s first bell. | 预备铃 |
[2:09:24] | Just got time to get cleaned up. | 刚好够我梳洗 |
[2:09:29] | Oh. I almost forgot. | 我差点忘了 |
[2:09:36] | I owe you some money. | 我还欠你钱 |
[2:09:41] | Three hundred dollars, hmm? Job well done. | 三百块 顺利完工 |
[2:09:47] | You ever need any references, Charlie, | 需要推荐信的话 |
[2:09:50] | -I’m your man. -Thanks, Colonel. | -来找我 -谢谢 中校 |
[2:10:01] | -Uh, it’s 16 Water Street. Just over the bridge. -We’ll find it. | -华特街十六号 过桥就到 -我知道路 |
[2:10:06] | Good-bye, Charlie. | 再会 查理 |
[2:10:10] | Good-bye, Colonel. | 再见 中校 |
[2:10:16] | Come here, son. | 过来 查理 |
[2:10:33] | Okay, Manny. | 好了 曼尼 |
[2:11:49] | George. George! | 乔治 乔治! |
[2:12:30] | I called an open meeting of this institution this morning | 我召开这次会议 |
[2:12:33] | because the incident that occurred this Tuesday last | 是因为上周二发生的事件 |
[2:12:37] | describes an issue that concerns all of us. | 关系到我们全体 |
[2:12:42] | Not an isolated case of vandalism, what happened | 那不是单纯的涂鸭 而是 |
[2:12:46] | is a symptom of the sickness of a society, | 我们社会的病态表征 |
[2:12:50] | a sickness which runs counter to the principles… | 并与博德的立校精神 |
[2:12:54] | this school was founded on, | 严重冲突 |
[2:12:58] | a school, among whose graduates two have sat behind the desk in the Oval Office, | 本校的毕业生中 两个曾在白宫的 |
[2:13:04] | in the White House. | 总统办公室工作 |
[2:13:06] | Baird men have run state departments and investment houses, | 博德的人掌管州政府投资局 |
[2:13:10] | founded department stores and coached football teams. | 兴建百货商场 执教足球队 |
[2:13:14] | Our alumni receive their bulletins in ashrams in India | 我们的校友在印度僧舍 |
[2:13:18] | and in palaces in Jordan. | 及约旦皇宫中都有 |
[2:13:20] | We are, in fact, known around the world | 实际上 我们在全世界被视为 |
[2:13:22] | as the cradle of this country’s leadership. | 国家领袖的摇篮 |
[2:13:25] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么会在这里? |
[2:13:27] | -Got room for me up there, Charlie? -But today, | -台上有没有位子 查理? -但是今天 |
[2:13:30] | -We are bleeding from disrespect, -Yeah, I guess so. | -我们因受辱而蒙羞 -应该有 |
[2:13:33] | -Give us a hand. -disrespect for our values… | -帮我一把 -不尊重本校价值观 |
[2:13:38] | and a disrespect for our standards, | 也不尊重我们的标准 |
[2:13:41] | a disrespect for the Baird tradition. | 更不尊重博德传统 |
[2:13:45] | And, as the custodians of that tradition, | 为了护卫该传统 |
[2:13:49] | we are here today to protect each other | 今天我们齐聚一堂 |
[2:13:54] | from those who threaten it. | 保卫它不受摧残 |
[2:13:57] | Who is this, Mr. Simms? | 这是哪位 西门先生? |
[2:14:00] | This is Mr. Frank Slade, Lieutenant Colonel, United States Army, retired. | 我是弗兰克·史雷得 美国陆军退役中校 |
[2:14:09] | I’m here in place of Charlie’s parents. | 我代表查理父母出席 |
[2:14:11] | -Excuse me? -In loco parentis. | -抱歉 -代替他父母 |
[2:14:17] | They could not make the trip from Oregon today. | 他们不能从奥勒冈赶来 |
[2:14:20] | And what is your relationship to Mr. Simms? | 您和西门先生是什么关系? |
[2:14:22] | Is this a courtroom? | 这是法庭吗? |
[2:14:26] | -Closest thing we could manage to it. -Then if we’re taking oaths, | -是最接近法庭的安排 -如果要发誓 |
[2:14:29] | there’s a few people I’d like to swear in. | 我倒想和几个人一起 |
[2:14:34] | There are no oaths at Baird. We are all on our honor. | 在博德是不发誓的 我们自律 |
[2:14:41] | Larry and Franny Simms | 拉瑞和芬妮 |
[2:14:44] | are very dear, close friends of mine. Okay? | 是我很好的朋友 可以吗? |
[2:14:55] | Happy to have you with us, Colonel. | 欢迎光临 中校 |
[2:15:02] | Mr. Willis. | 威利斯先生 |
[2:15:05] | -Which Mr. Willis? -George, Junior, sir. | -哪一位 -乔治二世 先生 |
[2:15:13] | You were in a position last Tuesday night | 上周二你有幸 |
[2:15:17] | to see who committed this act of vandalism. Who was it? | 目睹了涂鸭事件的经过 是谁做的? |
[2:15:23] | Well, uh, I have an idea who it was. | 我不晓得是谁 |
[2:15:26] | No, no, not an idea, Mr. Willis. Did you see or did you not see? | 不晓得 你看还是没看到? |
[2:15:33] | Well, I didn’t have my contacts in. | 我没戴隐形眼镜 |
[2:15:42] | Come on. I was in the library. I’d taken my glasses off, | 在图书馆的时候脱下的 |
[2:15:51] | and I was gonna put my contacts back in. | 本来要再戴回去 |
[2:15:58] | Then I helped Simms close up, | 然后我帮西门锁门 |
[2:16:00] | and the next thing I know, we’re outside, | 之后 我们已经在外面了 |
[2:16:04] | and I hear this sound, and I, um, | 我听到声音 |
[2:16:08] | didn’t have any time to put my contacts in. | 但是没时间戴隐形眼镜 |
[2:16:11] | Whom, with your limited vision, did you see? | 在你有限的视力下你看到谁 |
[2:16:32] | Like I say, it was blurry. | 我讲过了 看不清楚 |
[2:16:40] | I can’t see without my contacts. | 没戴眼镜我看不到 |
[2:16:42] | What did you see, Mr. Willis? | 你看到谁 威利斯先生? |
[2:16:47] | -What, you mean definitively? -Stop fencing with me, Mr. Willis! | -你是说 确定地? -不要搪塞我 威利斯先生 |
[2:16:50] | Tell me what you saw! | 讲清楚你看到了什么 |
[2:16:57] | Now, don’t hold me to this, but | 不要全信我的话 不过 |
[2:17:00] | no contacts, it’s dark | 没眼镜 天又黑 |
[2:17:04] | and everything, I mean | 等等 可能是 |
[2:17:06] | Mr. Willis! | 威利斯先生! |
[2:17:09] | Maybe Harry Havemeyer, Trent Potter and Jimmy Jameson. | 可能是哈瑞·海夫梅尔 特伦特·波特和吉米·詹姆森 |
[2:17:24] | -Maybe? -Ballpark, best guess. | -可能? -猜测而已 我尽力了 |
[2:17:29] | Could you provide us with some detail? | 能提供一点细节吗? |
[2:17:33] | I mean, why don’t you ask Charlie? | 为什么不问查理? |
[2:17:35] | I really think he was closer. | 我觉得他站的更近 |
[2:17:46] | -Mr. Simms. -Yes. | -西门先生 -是 |
[2:17:51] | You don’t wear contact lenses, do you? | 你戴隐形眼镜吗? |
[2:17:53] | No, sir. | 没有 先生 |
[2:17:57] | With your untrammeled sight, whom did you see? | 在你无碍的视野内 你看到谁了? |
[2:18:05] | Well, I saw, I saw something, | 我是看到一些人 |
[2:18:09] | but I couldn’t say who. | 但不能讲出是谁 |
[2:18:12] | All right. What was the something you saw? | 那好吧 你看到的是什么? |
[2:18:19] | -I couldn’t say. -You couldn’t say or you wouldn’t say? | -我说不出来 -是说不出来还是不想说? |
[2:18:25] | -Well, I just, I just couldn’t say. -Couldn’t, wouldn’t, shouldn’t. | -不 我只是 只是说不出来 -不能 不想 不该 |
[2:18:33] | You’re exhausting my patience | 你在磨我的耐性 |
[2:18:35] | and making a mockery of these proceedings. | 和愚弄大家 |
[2:18:37] | I will give you one last chance. | 最后一次机会 |
[2:18:38] | The consequences of your response will be dire. | 否则后果堪忧 |
[2:18:41] | By dire I mean your future will be jeopardized permanently. | 堪忧 西门先生 你的未来将受永久伤害 |
[2:18:46] | Now for the last time, | 现在 最后一次问 |
[2:18:49] | what did you see last Tuesday night outside my office? | 上周二晚上 你看到谁在停车场 |
[2:18:57] | I saw somebody. | 我看到某些人 |
[2:18:59] | “l saw somebody.” Good. | “我看到某些人” 很好 |
[2:19:02] | Did you see their size and shape? | 看到他们的身材面貌了吗? |
[2:19:05] | Yeah. | 看到了 |
[2:19:07] | And they were the size and shape of whom? | 是谁的身材面貌? |
[2:19:16] | They were the size and shape of most any Baird student, sir. | 那些特征看来像任何博德学生 先生 |
[2:19:51] | I am left with no real witness. | 我竟没有一个人证 |
[2:19:55] | Mr. Willis’s testimony is not only vague, it is unsubstantiated. | 威利斯先生的证词模糊不清 |
[2:19:59] | The substance I was looking for, Mr. Simms, | 我所寻找的线索 西门先生 |
[2:20:02] | was to come from you. | 应该来自于你 |
[2:20:07] | I’m sorry. | 非常抱歉 |
[2:20:10] | I’m sorry too, Mr. Simms, | 我也抱歉 西门先生 |
[2:20:13] | because you know what I’m going to do, | 既然如此 |
[2:20:16] | inasmuch as I can’t punish Mr. Havemeyer, Mr. Potter or Mr. Jameson? | 我不能处罚海夫梅尔先生 波特先生或詹姆森先生 |
[2:20:20] | And I won’t punish Mr. Willis. | 我也不会处罚威利斯先生 |
[2:20:22] | He’s the only party to this incident | 他是唯一配称”博德人”的份子 |
[2:20:25] | who is still worthy of calling himself a Baird man. | 配称博德人的当事人 |
[2:20:29] | I’m going to recommend to the Disciplinary Committee that you be expelled. | 我建议生活委员会开除你 |
[2:20:36] | Mr. Simms, you are a cover-up artist and you are a liar. | 西门先生 你隐瞒真相又撒谎 |
[2:20:40] | But not a snitch! | 但不出卖朋友 |
[2:20:43] | Excuse me? | 原谅我没听清楚 |
[2:20:45] | No, I don’t think I will. | 我不原谅你 |
[2:20:47] | -Mr. Slade. -This is such a crock of shit! | -史雷德先生 -这场听证会简直胡闹 |
[2:20:52] | Please watch your language, Mr. Slade. | 请小心措词 史雷德先生 |
[2:20:55] | You are in the Baird school, not a barracks. | 你是在博德 不是军营 |
[2:20:58] | Mr. Simms, I will give you one final opportunity to speak up. | 西门先生 我给你最后机会 |
[2:21:01] | Mr. Simms doesn’t want it. | 西门先生不需要 |
[2:21:04] | He doesn’t need to be labeled | 他不需要被贴上 |
[2:21:06] | “still worthy of being a Baird man.” | 博德人标志 |
[2:21:08] | What the hell is that? | 那算个什么? |
[2:21:10] | What is your motto here? | 你们的座右铭是什么? |
[2:21:12] | “Boys, inform on your classmates, save your hide; | 孩子们出卖朋友求自保 |
[2:21:17] | anything short of that, we’re gonna burn you at the stake”? | 否则烧得你不见灰? |
[2:21:20] | Well, gentlemen, | 先生们 |
[2:21:22] | when the shit hits the fan, some guys run and some guys stay. | 出纰漏时 有人逃跑有人留下 |
[2:21:28] | Here’s Charlie facing the fire, and there’s George | 查理面对烈火 那边的乔治 |
[2:21:31] | hiding in big daddy’s pocket. | 那边的乔治 |
[2:21:34] | And what are you doing? | 结果你做什么呢? |
[2:21:36] | You’re gonna reward George and destroy Charlie. | 你奖励乔治 摧折查理 |
[2:21:41] | -Are you finished, Mr. Slade? -No, I’m just getting warmed up. | -你讲完了吗 史雷德先生? -不 刚热身而已 |
[2:21:45] | I don’t know who went to this place. | 我不知道谁念过博德 |
[2:21:48] | William Howard Taft, William Jennings Bryant, William Tell, whoever. | 塔夫脱 布莱恩特 铁尔 等等 |
[2:21:53] | Their spirit is dead, if they ever had one. | 他们精神已死 根本没有 |
[2:21:56] | It’s gone. | 已经没了 |
[2:21:58] | You’re building a rat ship here, | 你在这培育的是老鼠大队 |
[2:22:00] | a vessel for seagoing snitches. | 一堆卖友求荣客 |
[2:22:03] | And if you think you’re preparing these minnows for manhood, | 如果你以为在锻炼虾兵成龙头 |
[2:22:07] | you better think again, | 最好三思 |
[2:22:09] | because I say you are killing the very spirit | 因为你正扼杀了 |
[2:22:12] | this institution proclaims it instills. | 这所学府所坚持的精神 |
[2:22:14] | What a shame. | 真是耻辱 |
[2:22:18] | What kind of a show are you guys putting on here today? | 你们今天给我看的是什么秀? |
[2:22:21] | I mean, the only class in this act is sitting next to me. | 唯一有格调的 坐在我旁边 |
[2:22:24] | I’m here to tell you this boy’s soul is intact. | 我可以告诉你 这孩子的灵魂没有被污染 |
[2:22:28] | It’s non-negotiable. You know how I know? | 无庸争辩的 为什么我知道? |
[2:22:31] | Someone here, and I’m not gonna say who, offered to buy it. | 有人 我不说是谁 要收买他 |
[2:22:34] | -Only Charlie here wasn’t selling. -Sir, you’re out of order. | -但查理不为所动 -你太过份了 |
[2:22:38] | I show you out of order. | 我告诉你什么叫过份 |
[2:22:41] | You don’t know what out of order is, Mr. Trask. | 我告诉你什么叫过份 特拉斯克先生 |
[2:22:44] | I’d show you, but I’m too old, | 我想示范 但我太老 |
[2:22:46] | I’m too tired, too fucking blind. | 太累 又他妈的瞎了 |
[2:22:49] | If I were the man I was five years ago, | 如果是五年前 |
[2:22:52] | I’d take a flamethrower to this place! | 我会带喷火枪来这儿 |
[2:22:57] | Out of order? Who the hell you think you’re talking to? | 过分? 你以为你在跟谁说话? |
[2:23:02] | I’ve been around, you know? | 我是见过世面的 明白吗 |
[2:23:05] | There was a time I could see. | 曾经我还看得见 |
[2:23:08] | And I have seen. | 我见过 |
[2:23:10] | Boys like these, younger than these, | 很多很多更年轻的男孩 |
[2:23:12] | their arms torn out, their legs ripped off. | 臂膀被扭 腿被炸断 |
[2:23:16] | But there is nothing like the sight of an amputated spirit. | 那些都不及丑陋的灵魂可怕 |
[2:23:21] | There is no prosthetic for that. | 灵魂不可能有假的 |
[2:23:25] | You think you’re merely sending this splendid foot soldier | 你以为你只是把这好青年 |
[2:23:29] | back home to Oregon with his tail between his legs, | 像落荒狗似地送回家 |
[2:23:32] | but I say you are executing his soul! | 我认为你是处死了他的灵魂 |
[2:23:38] | And why? Because he’s not a Baird man. | 为什么? 因为他不是博德人 |
[2:23:43] | Baird men. You hurt this boy, | 博德人 伤害了这男孩 |
[2:23:46] | you’re gonna be Baird bums, the lot of you. | 你就是博德孬种 你们全是 |
[2:23:49] | And, Harry, Jimmy, Trent, wherever you are out there, | 而哈瑞 吉米 特伦特 不管你们坐在哪里 |
[2:23:54] | fuck you too! | 去你妈的! |
[2:23:59] | Stand down, Mr. Slade! | 坐下 史雷得先生 |
[2:24:01] | I’m not finished. | 我还没讲完 |
[2:24:04] | As I came in here, I heard those words: “cradle of leadership.” | 来这儿的时候 我听到类似”领袖摇篮”的字眼 |
[2:24:10] | Well, when the bough breaks, | 支干断掉时 |
[2:24:13] | the cradle will fall, and it has fallen here. | 摇篮就垮了 它已经垮了 |
[2:24:16] | It has fallen. | 已经垮了 |
[2:24:18] | Makers of men, creators of leaders. | 人类制造者 领袖创造家 |
[2:24:21] | Be careful what kind of leaders you’re producing here. | 当心你创造的是哪种领袖 |
[2:24:25] | I don’t know if Charlie’s silence here today | 我不知道查理今天的缄默是对是错 |
[2:24:29] | is right or wrong, I’m not a judge or jury. | 是对是错 我不是个裁判或者评审 |
[2:24:31] | But I can tell you this: | 但我可以告诉你 |
[2:24:33] | he won’t sell anybody out to buy his future! | 他绝不会出卖别人以求前程 |
[2:24:38] | And that, my friends, is called integrity. | 而这 朋友们 就叫正直 |
[2:24:42] | That’s called courage. | 也叫勇气 |
[2:24:44] | Now that’s the stuff leaders should be made of. | 那才是领袖的要件 |
[2:24:53] | Now I have come to the crossroads in my life. | 如今我走到人生十字路口 |
[2:24:58] | I always knew what the right path was. | 我知道哪条路是对的 |
[2:25:02] | Without exception, I knew, but I never took it. | 毫无例外 我就知道 但我从不走 |
[2:25:06] | You know why? | 知道为什么吗? |
[2:25:08] | It was too damn hard. | 因为妈的太苦了 |
[2:25:13] | Now here’s Charlie. He’s come to the crossroads. | 而查理 他也走到了十字路口 |
[2:25:16] | He has chosen a path. It’s the right path. | 他选择了一条路 一条正确的路 |
[2:25:20] | It’s a path made of principle that leads to character. | 充满原则 通往个性之道 |
[2:25:27] | Let him continue on his journey. | 让他继续他的行程吧 |
[2:25:32] | You hold this boy’s future in your hands, Committee. | 他的前途掌握在你们手中 委员们 |
[2:25:36] | It’s a valuable future, believe me. | 相信我 绝对是有价值的前途 |
[2:25:41] | Don’t destroy it. Protect it. | 别毁了它 保护它 |
[2:25:45] | Embrace it. | 拥抱它 |
[2:25:48] | It’s gonna make you proud one day, I promise you. | 有一天你们会很自豪的 我保证 |
[2:26:08] | How’s that for cornball? | 很滥情吧 |
[2:26:31] | Nothing can shut them up, sir. | 捂不住他们嘴巴的 先生 |
[2:26:38] | The Disciplinary Committee will take this matter under advisement in closed session. | 生活委员会将私下决议此案 |
[2:26:52] | What are they doing, Charlie? | 他们在干什么 查理? |
[2:27:08] | Apparently, that meeting will be unnecessary. | 很显然 不必再开会 |
[2:27:12] | Mrs. Hunsaker. | 亨赛克太太 |
[2:27:18] | The joint student-faculty Disciplinary Committee needs no further sessions. | 师生生活委员会不必另行开会 |
[2:27:23] | They have come to a decision. | 他们已达成决议 |
[2:27:25] | Misters Havemeyer, Potter and Jameson are placed on probation | 海夫梅尔 波特及詹姆森先生因涉嫌不当作为 |
[2:27:30] | for suspicion of ungentlemanly conduct. | 而留校查看 |
[2:27:34] | It is further recommended that Mr. George Willis, | 另外建议 乔治威利斯二世先生 |
[2:27:37] | receive neither recognition nor commendation for his cooperation. | 不因其合作方式做表扬或处分 |
[2:27:43] | Mr. Charles Simms is excused from any further response to this incident. | 查尔斯西门先生将不需为此事件负责 |
[2:28:27] | Charlie! | 查理 |
[2:28:50] | -Last step. -I can always count on you, Charlie. | -小心 -有你在我很放心 查理 |
[2:28:56] | Colonel. Colonel! | 中校 中校! |
[2:29:01] | I’m Christine Downes, Colonel Slade. | 我是克莉丝汀·唐伊 史雷德中校 |
[2:29:03] | I teach Political Science. | 政治学教授 |
[2:29:05] | I wanted to tell you how much I appreciate your coming here and speaking your mind. | 我想说非常感谢您的高见 |
[2:29:07] | Thank you. Are you married? | 谢谢 你结婚了? |
[2:29:14] | Went to a artillery school at Fort Sill with a Mickey Downes. | 我在炮兵课的同学也姓唐伊 |
[2:29:18] | Thought he might’ve snagged you. | 我以为他钓上你了 |
[2:29:20] | Uh, no, no, I’m afraid not. | 不 不 没有呢 |
[2:29:23] | Uh, Colonel Slade was on, uh, Lyndon Johnson’s staff, Miss Downes. | 史雷德中校曾是林德詹森的幕僚 唐伊小姐 |
[2:29:28] | Were you? Fascinating. | 真的? 太精彩了 |
[2:29:31] | We should get together, talk politics sometime. | 有空我们应该聊聊政治 |
[2:29:37] | Fleurs de rocailles. | 芙洛儿·狄萝卡里丝香水 |
[2:29:41] | Yes. | 正是 |
[2:29:44] | “Flowers from a brook.” | 小溪之花 |
[2:29:47] | That’s right. | 对 |
[2:29:52] | Well, Miss Downes, | 唐伊小姐 |
[2:29:55] | I, I’ll know where to find you. | 我知道到哪找你 |
[2:29:58] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[2:30:00] | -Bye, Miss Downes. -Bye. | -再见 唐伊小姐 -再见 |
[2:30:05] | You don’t have to tell me, Charlie. | 你不必告诉我 查理 |
[2:30:09] | 5’7″, auburn hair, beautiful brown eyes. | 五尺七 赤鸢色头发 美丽的棕色大眼睛 |
[2:30:42] | Manny. | 曼尼 |
[2:30:46] | Aw, Colonel, this is too much. | 中校 这太多了 |
[2:30:48] | You earned it. Next time Charlie and I | 你应得的 下次查理和我 |
[2:30:50] | want to take a breather to New York, we’re gonna call you. | 去纽约时会再找你 |
[2:30:53] | You can drive us both ways. | 你带我们来回 |
[2:30:55] | You’re on. Not only will it be an honor, | 没问题 中校 我的荣幸 |
[2:30:58] | I’ll give you a rate. | 我给您打折 |
[2:31:00] | I’ll see your rate and raise you. | 我再加倍给小费 |
[2:31:03] | Stay outta harm’s way, Manny. | 保重 曼尼 |
[2:31:05] | -Take care, Colonel. -You too. | -保重 中校 -你也一样 |
[2:31:08] | -Ready? -No, thanks, Charlie. I’ll take it from here. | -好了? -不 谢了 查理 我自己走 |
[2:31:11] | You go on ahead. Manny’ll drive you back to your dorm. | 走吧 曼尼会送你回宿舍 |
[2:31:16] | Come by before you go home for Christmas. | 圣诞节前再来 |
[2:31:19] | We’ll have a little cheer. | 咱俩喝一杯 |
[2:31:21] | And if you like, stay for dinner. | 你要是愿意 就留下来吃晚餐 |
[2:31:24] | Sometimes she cooks a pot roast. | 有时候她做烧鸡 |
[2:31:27] | It’s almost edible. | 还能入口 |
[2:31:30] | All right, Colonel. | 好 中校 |
[2:31:32] | -That’d be really -Bye, Charlie. | -那会是 -再见 查理 |
[2:31:54] | Who’s there? | 是谁 |
[2:31:56] | -That you, Francine? -Yes. | -是你吗 弗朗新? -是我 |
[2:31:59] | -What are you doing? -Taking a ride. | -你在做什么 -骑车 |
[2:32:02] | Taking a ride? What about you giving me a lift? | 让我搭便车吧? |
[2:32:06] | -No. -No? | -不要 -不要? |
[2:32:09] | Aw, come on, Francine. | 拜托 弗朗新 |
[2:32:12] | We should make up. Don’t you think it’s time we made up? | 我们应该重归于好 你不想和我好吗? |
[2:32:15] | -No. -Francine? | -不想 -弗朗新? |
[2:32:18] | -What? -Your Uncle Frank’s had himself a really hard Thanksgiving weekend. | -什么? -你弗兰克叔叔过了一个很辛苦的感恩节周末 |
[2:32:24] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[2:32:26] | I hear a chipmunk. | 我听到花栗鼠 |
[2:32:28] | Is it a walrus? | 还是海象? |
[2:32:31] | No, it’s Willie. | 都不是 是威利 |
[2:32:33] | Willie, why don’t you help me with my bag? | 威利 要不要帮我拿提袋? |
[2:32:35] | Come on, son. Help me with my bag. | 快来 孩子 帮我拿提袋 |
[2:32:38] | Come on. Come on. | 来吧 |
[2:32:41] | You got it. Hold onto it. You’re strong. | 拿好了 拿稳哦 |
[2:32:44] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[2:32:47] | Here we are. | 走 |
[2:32:49] | Francine, come on with me and Willie. | 弗朗新 跟我和威利来 |
[2:32:52] | I’ll let you make me some marshmallow chocolate. | 你可以请我吃巧克力 好不好? |
[2:32:55] | -What’d you say? -Okay. | -怎么样? -没问题 |