英文名称:Revolutionary Road
年代:2008
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:55] | So, what do you do? | 你是做什么的 |
[01:57] | I’m studying to be an actress. | 我在上课 想当个演员 |
[02:00] | You? | 你呢 |
[02:00] | I’m a longshoreman. | 我是个码头工人 |
[02:02] | No, I mean really. | 我是说真的 |
[02:04] | I mean… I mean really too. | 我…我也是说真的 |
[02:06] | Although, starting next Monday, | 不过从下周一开始 |
[02:07] | I’m doing something a little more glamorous. | 我要做点儿更棒的事了 |
[02:09] | What’s that? | 什么 |
[02:10] | Night cashier at a cafeteria. | 自助餐厅的夜班收银员 |
[02:13] | I don’t mean how you make money. | 我不是问你怎么赚钱 |
[02:16] | I mean, | 我是问 |
[02:16] | What are you interested in? | 你对什么感兴趣 |
[02:19] | Honey, if I had the answer to that one, | 亲爱的 我要是有这答案 |
[02:22] | I bet I’d bore us both to death in half an hour. | 我打赌不出半个小时咱俩都得无聊死 |
[03:05] | Thank God, that’s over… | 谢天谢地 终于完了… |
[03:09] | So much for the debut of the laurel players. | 有很多明星都是初次亮相啊 |
[03:13] | …And she was very disappointing. | 她太让人失望了 |
[03:23] | Oh, Frank! | 弗兰克 |
[03:23] | Oh, very nice Frank! | 太棒了 弗兰克 |
[03:25] | Oh, thanks so much, Mrs. Givings. | 谢谢你捧场 吉明斯夫人 |
[03:27] | I can’t tell you how much we enjoyed it. | 我们真是太喜欢了 |
[03:29] | You have a very talented wife. | 你太太真有天赋 |
[03:31] | I’ll pass it along! | 我会转达的 |
[03:45] | Frank! | 弗兰克 |
[03:48] | She’s in there…! | 她在那边… |
[03:49] | I’m about ready for that drink. | 我等不及要喝一杯了 |
[03:51] | Couple of minutes! | 稍等一下 |
[04:03] | April…? | 爱宝? |
[04:04] | Sweetheart…? | 宝贝儿? |
[04:11] | -You about ready to leave? -Yeah, yeah. | -准备好走了吗 -好的 好的 |
[04:12] | I’ve just got to get this makeup off. | 我正要卸妆 |
[04:22] | Well… I guess it wasn’t | 那个…我猜 |
[04:24] | A triumph or anything, was it? | 不是很成功吧 |
[04:28] | I guess not. | 我觉得是 |
[04:30] | I’ll be ready in a minute. | 我一会儿就好 |
[04:33] | Take your time. | 不用着急 |
[04:37] | Listen, will you do me a favor? | 帮个忙好吧 |
[04:39] | Milly and Shep wanted us to go out with them after. | 米莉和谢普想约我们出去 |
[04:42] | Will you say we can’t? | 你能不能回绝了? |
[04:43] | Say it’s because of the baby sitter or something? | 就说保姆要下班什么的 |
[04:46] | Well, the thing is, I already said that we could. | 可是 我已经答应了 |
[04:48] | I mean… | 我… |
[04:48] | I just saw them and I said we would. | 我刚才已经答应他们了 |
[04:50] | Then would you mind going out again and saying you were mistaken? | 那你能否再出去一趟说刚才搞错了呢 |
[04:52] | That should be simple enough. | 这应该不难吧 |
[04:53] | Don’t you think that’s a little bit rude, April? | 你不觉得这有点不礼貌吗 爱宝 |
[04:55] | Well I’ll tell them myself. | 好吧 我自己去说 |
[04:57] | Okay. | 好 |
[04:57] | Okay. Take it easy. | 好 别急 |
[04:58] | All right? | 好吧 |
[04:59] | I’ll tell them. | 我去说 |
[05:42] | I mean it, baby. | 说真的 宝贝儿 |
[05:43] | You were the only person in that play. | 你是这戏里唯一的亮点 |
[05:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:49] | We should’ve let you get mixed up in the damned thing. It’s all. | 就不该让你搞这破戏剧 这是关键 |
[05:52] | All right. | 行了 |
[05:55] | A bunch of amateurs. | 一帮业余的家伙 |
[05:56] | I mean, you’ve studied for Christ’s sake. | 我是说 你可是科班出身 |
[05:58] | Could we stop talking about it now? | 能别唠叨了吗 |
[06:00] | Sure. | 好 |
[06:03] | I just don’t want you feeling bad about it, that’s all, | 我只是不想让你太难过 |
[06:05] | Because it’s not worth it, you know? | 太不值得了 |
[06:07] | -It’s bad enough having to live out here among these damn people -Yes. | -和这帮鸟人生活在这儿就够憋屈了 -是 |
[06:11] | -What’d you say? -I said yes. All right, Frank. | -你说什么 -我说”是” 弗兰克 |
[06:13] | Could you just stop talking about it now, | 能别再说这个了吗 |
[06:16] | Before you drive me crazy, please? | 免得把我逼疯 |
[06:23] | What are you doing? | 你干吗 |
[06:33] | April… | 爱宝 |
[06:34] | Sweetheart… | 亲爱的 |
[06:35] | Let’s talk about this, okay? | 我们该谈谈 |
[06:37] | Please, don’t do that. | 拜托 我不想谈 |
[06:39] | Come on now. | 来 |
[06:40] | Don’t touch me. | 别碰我 |
[06:41] | April… April… | 爱宝 爱宝 |
[06:42] | You just… Leave me alone! | 离我远点儿 |
[06:51] | Okay. | 好 |
[06:52] | Okay. | 好 |
[06:54] | It strikes me, that there’s a considerable amount of bullshit… | 我受够了 这一堆狗屁烂事儿 |
[06:57] | Going on here, | 这里 |
[06:58] | and there is just a few things, that I’d like to clear up. | 我只想澄清几件事 |
[07:01] | All right? | 好吧 |
[07:01] | Number one: | 第一 |
[07:02] | It’s not my fault the play was lousy. | 这剧这么恶心不是我的错 |
[07:06] | Number two: | 第二 |
[07:07] | It’s sure as hell not my fault | 你没当成真正的演员 |
[07:08] | That you didn’t turn out to be an actress, | 也他妈不是我的错 |
[07:11] | And the sooner you get over that little piece of soap opera | 还有 你越快忘记那些肥皂剧 |
[07:13] | The better off we’ll both be. | 我们就能过得越好 |
[07:14] | Number three: | 第三 |
[07:15] | I don’t happen to fit the role | 我不是那种 |
[07:17] | of dumb, insensitive suburban husband, | 木讷迟钝的乡下汉子 |
[07:20] | You’ve been trying to leave that crap on me ever since we moved out here. | 自从我们搬来这里 你就一直想让我变成那样 |
[07:23] | And I’m damn before wear. | 我受够了 |
[07:25] | Number four: | 第四 |
[07:27] | April… | 爱宝 |
[07:29] | April! | 爱宝 |
[07:32] | April… | 爱宝 |
[07:34] | What the hell are you doing? Get back to the car. | 你到底要干吗 快回来 |
[07:36] | No. I will in a minute | 不 我一会儿回去 |
[07:37] | Just let me stand here for a second. | 让我在这站会儿 |
[07:40] | Goddamnit. | 妈的 |
[07:45] | April… | 爱宝 |
[07:45] | Can you please, just get back in the car, and talk about this, | 你能不能回到车里 我们好好谈 |
[07:48] | Instead of running all over Route 12? | 别在12号国道上乱跑好吗 |
[07:50] | Haven’t I made it clear I don’t particularly want to talk about it? | 我说得不够清楚吗 我不想谈 |
[07:53] | Okay. I mean, Jesus, I’m trying to be nice | 好吧 看在老天的份上 |
[07:55] | about this thing. For God’s sake. | 我很想好好谈谈 |
[07:57] | How kind of you. | 你可真体贴 |
[07:58] | How terribly, terribly kind of you. | 太他妈的体贴了 |
[08:00] | Wait a minute. I don’t deserve this. | 等等 我做错什么啦 |
[08:01] | You’re always so wonderfully definite, on the subject of… | 你总是这么绝对地说 |
[08:04] | -What you do and don’t deserve? -Wait a minute! | -你该怎样不该怎样 -等等 |
[08:05] | Wait a goddamn… | 妈的 等等 |
[08:07] | April, now you listen to me. | 爱宝 现在你听我说 |
[08:10] | This is one time | 这一次 |
[08:12] | You’re not gonna get away with twisting everything that I say, April. | 你别想再曲解我的话 爱宝 |
[08:14] | This just happen to be one goddamn time. | 就这一次 |
[08:16] | I know I’m not the wrong here. | 我知道 我没错 |
[08:18] | Christ, I wish you’d stayed home tonight! | 天哪 我真希望你今天没来 |
[08:19] | You know what you are, when you are like this, April? | 你知道现在的你怎么了吗 爱宝 |
[08:21] | You’re sick. | 你有病 |
[08:21] | I really mean that. | 没错 |
[08:22] | You’re sick! | 就是有病 |
[08:23] | -And you know what you are? -What? | -你知道你又怎么了吗 -怎么 |
[08:25] | -You’re disgusting. -Oh yeah? | -你很恶心 -是吗 |
[08:26] | You don’t bully me, Frank. | 你别唬我 弗兰克 |
[08:28] | Just because you’ve got me safely in this little trap, | 就因为你把我困在这个安全的小陷阱里 |
[08:30] | You think you can bully me into feeling whatever you want! | 你以为你就能强迫我去感受你的感受吗 |
[08:32] | -In a trap! You in a trap! -Yeah. Yeah. | -陷阱 你说这是陷阱 -是 就是 |
[08:34] | -Jesus! -Me, Frank. Me! | -天哪 -我 弗兰克 我 |
[08:35] | Don’t make me laugh. | 笑死我了 |
[08:38] | You pathetic, self-deluded little boy. Look at you! | 你这个可怜的自欺欺人的臭小子 看看你 |
[08:41] | Look at you! | 看看你 |
[08:41] | Look at you and tell me, | 好好看看你自己再告诉我 |
[08:43] | How by any stretch of the imagination | 你哪来的那么多想象力 |
[08:45] | You can call yourself a man! | 管自己叫男人 |
[08:48] | Fuck! | 操 |
[08:50] | Damn! | 妈的 |
[08:52] | Oh, Jesus Christ! | 上帝啊 |
[09:09] | Don’t look at me like that, April. | 别这么看着我 爱宝 |
[09:12] | Could we please go home now? | 我们能回家了吗 |
[11:20] | Fifteenth floor. | 15层到了 |
[11:33] | I’m going to need your help this morning, Old Scout. | 老弟 今天你得帮帮我 |
[11:38] | For the next few hours, you’re to warn me of Bandy’s every approach | 一会儿要是邦迪过来了 就马上告诉我 |
[11:43] | And you may need to shield me from public view in the likely event | 还有 别让大家看见我 |
[11:46] | That avoid my stomach. | 胃疼的样子 |
[11:48] | It’s that bad. | 太难受了 |
[11:50] | Morning, Jack. | 早 杰克 |
[11:52] | Nothing good about it, I assure you. | 看着吧 没啥好事儿 |
[12:17] | Of course, I knew the moment you stepped off the train | 你们一下火车我就知道你们要 |
[12:19] | what you were looking for… | 找什么 |
[12:20] | A small remodeled barn, or a carriage house. | 一小间改造谷仓或马车库房 |
[12:24] | And I just hate to be the one to tell you | 不过我得告诉你们 |
[12:25] | That sort of thing just isn’t available anymore… | 那种房子已经没有了 |
[12:28] | But I don’t want you to despair. | 不过别失望 |
[12:31] | There is one place up here I wanna show you… | 我要带你们看个地方 |
[12:36] | Now of course it isn’t very desirable at this end. | 这里现在看起来是不怎么样 |
[12:39] | As you see, Crawford Road is mostly these little | 你看 克劳福德路上的房子 |
[12:42] | Cinder-blocky, pick-up trucky places. | 都是很小的煤砖房 像个拖车屋 |
[12:44] | Plumbers, carpenters, | 住着水管工 |
[12:46] | little local people of that sort. | 木匠之类的当地人 |
[12:48] | But eventually… | 但是… |
[12:49] | Eventually it leads up to Revolutionary Road, | 与它相连的革命路 |
[12:52] | Which is much nicer. | 状况可就大相径庭了 |
[12:54] | Now, the place I want to show you, is a sweet little house | 我要带你们去的 是一幢漂亮的小房子 |
[12:58] | And a sweet little setting. | 布局很别致 |
[13:00] | Simple, clean lines, | 简约清新的设计 |
[13:02] | Good lawns, marvelous for children. | 有片很棒的草地 对孩子再合适不过了 |
[13:05] | It’s just around this next curve… | 就在前面的拐角处 |
[13:08] | Now, you’ll see it. | 你们马上就要看到了 |
[13:10] | There. | 就是那儿 |
[13:10] | See the little white one? | 看见那个白色的房子了吗 |
[13:13] | Sweet, isn’t it? | 很讨人喜欢吧 |
[13:15] | The perky way it sits there on its little slope? | 看它神气活现地伫立在小斜坡上 |
[13:19] | Charming, isn’t it? | 很迷人吧 |
[13:23] | Oh, yes. | 是啊 |
[13:35] | You wanted to see me? | 你找我? |
[13:37] | Came for you from Toledo this morning. | 这是今天早晨从托莱多寄来的 |
[13:38] | This is the third one this month. | 这个月第3份了 |
[13:40] | -Sorry. I thought I’d taken care… | -抱歉 我已经很谨慎了… |
[13:42] | -I’m not prepared to have this… | -我本以为 |
[13:43] | This conversation again, Frank. You understand? | 不会再发生类似事情了 弗兰克 明白吗 |
[13:45] | -I was literaly just getttin… | -我只是… |
[13:46] | -These folks in the provinces look up to us. | -周边的其他分公司都很敬重我们 |
[13:48] | We need to be efficient. | 我们得有效率 |
[13:49] | We can’t have this kind of back and forth, and so forth. | 我们不能总这么反复出错 |
[13:52] | It’s just not efficient. | 太没效率了 |
[13:55] | Am I Right? | 我说的对吧 |
[13:56] | Yes. | 完全正确 |
[13:59] | What was that about? | 怎么了 |
[14:01] | Toledo. | 托莱多 |
[14:02] | Branch manager wants a revised brochure | 分店经理想要份 |
[14:04] | For the conference on the Knox 500. | 改好的诺克斯500会议的宣传册 |
[14:07] | It’s just not efficient. Am I right? Am I right? Am I right? | 太没效率了 我说的对吧 对吧 对吧 |
[14:11] | Sounds like a goodie. | 娘娘腔 |
[14:13] | For God’s sake. I don’t even know what the Knox 500 does… | 说实话 我都不知道诺克斯500是什么 |
[14:16] | Do you? | 你知道吗 |
[14:16] | Don’t insult me. | 你以为都跟你似的 |
[14:32] | If you’ll look in the inactive file under SP-1109. | 如果要找SP-1109下的待用文件 |
[14:37] | You’ll find copies of all the stuff we sent to the agency. | 你就能找着所有发给代理商的文件备份 |
[14:41] | And that way we can trace the thing back to its… | 这样我们就能追踪到 |
[14:45] | To its original sources. | 原始资料 |
[14:50] | Listen. I hope you weren’t planning on an early lunch. | 你午饭不会吃得太早吧 |
[14:53] | No. | 不会 |
[14:53] | I’m not really hungry. | 我不太饿 |
[14:56] | Good. I’ll check on you later. All right? | 好 我一会儿再过来 |
[14:59] | Okay. | 好的 |
[15:00] | Okay. | 好 |
[15:06] | You know something, Maureen? | 你知道吗 莫林 |
[15:09] | You’re lucky you met me. | 碰上我算你走运 |
[15:12] | Oh? How’s that? | 怎么说 |
[15:16] | I think I can show you the ropes, you know. | 我能支你几招 |
[15:18] | There’s certain art to survival at Knox. | 在诺克斯生存的技巧 |
[15:21] | Really. | 真的呀? |
[15:22] | Let me show you what I mean. | 瞧着点儿 |
[15:24] | Waiter. | 服务生 |
[15:25] | Bring me the telephone would you? And two more Martinis. | 把电话机拿来好吗 再来两杯马提尼 |
[15:38] | Klondike 55566, please. | 请接克朗代克区55566 谢谢 |
[15:44] | Hello Mrs. Jorgensen. | 您好 乔根森夫人 |
[15:46] | Frank Wheeler here. | 我是弗兰克·惠勒 |
[15:47] | Yes. | 是的 |
[15:47] | I just wanted to let you know, | 我想跟您说一声 |
[15:49] | That I’ve had to send Maureen Grube | 我把莫林·格鲁布派到 |
[15:50] | Down to Visual Aides for me. | 视觉辅助部办点事儿 |
[15:53] | I’ll probably need her the rest of the afternoon. | 恐怕这一下午她都得留下帮忙 |
[15:56] | Yes. | 好的 |
[15:57] | You too. | 您也是 |
[15:58] | Take care now. | 再见 |
[16:04] | I’ve never even heard of Visual Aides. | 我都没听说过什么视觉辅助 |
[16:08] | That’s because… | 那是因为… |
[16:09] | It doesn’t exist. | 它压根不存在 |
[16:32] | Hi, Helen. | 你好 海伦 |
[16:34] | Come on in. | 快进来 |
[16:35] | Oh, I can’t stay a minute… | 我不久留了… |
[16:37] | I just wanted to bring this sedum plantings | 我就是来送这个景天草盆栽的 |
[16:40] | For that messy patch down by the front yard. | 你能用它装扮前院那小片凌乱的草地 |
[16:43] | It’s like the European houseleek | 就像欧洲石莲花 |
[16:45] | Only these have the most marvelous little yellow blossoms. | 它能开出可爱的小黄花 |
[16:49] | Now all it wants for the first few day is just a tiny dollop of water | 只要在开始的几天浇上一点水 |
[16:52] | And you’ll find it absolutely thrives. | 它就能开得生机盎然 |
[16:55] | Oh. Thank you, Helen. It’s so kind of you. | 太感谢你了 海伦 你太热心了 |
[16:58] | Would you like some coffee? | 要喝咖啡吗 |
[17:12] | Is there something I can do for you, Helen? | 有什么需要帮忙的吗 海伦 |
[17:15] | Oh… I almost forgot. | 我差点儿忘了 |
[17:17] | There’s a small favor I’d like to ask… | 我有点小事相求 |
[17:21] | It’s about… | 就关于… |
[17:22] | It’s about my son, John. | 关于我儿子约翰的 |
[17:25] | He’s been in the hospital. | 他住院了 |
[17:28] | Oh, I’m sorry. Is everything all right? | 真抱歉 他还好吧 |
[17:30] | Well, actualy… | 其实… |
[17:32] | It’s just for the time being. He’s in… Pleasent Brook. | 只是暂时的 他在布鲁克医院 |
[17:35] | Psychiatric. | 是精神病院 |
[17:40] | Oh, I see. | 我明白了 |
[17:41] | Oh… Nothing serious. | 不严重 |
[17:44] | He’s just got a little run down. | 他只是有点抑郁 |
[17:46] | Things can just get the better of us sometimes. | 总有一天会好起来的 |
[17:49] | Don’t you agree? | 你说是吧 |
[17:51] | Yes. | 是的 |
[17:52] | Of course. | 当然 |
[17:54] | It’s a marvellous facility. | 那里设施很不错 |
[17:56] | And the treatments seem to be doing wonders for him… | 治疗也挺有效 |
[17:59] | Anyway, they said getting out for an afternoon | 不过 医生说让他出来放松一个下午 |
[18:01] | Might do him a little bit good. | 可能对他有好处 |
[18:04] | I think he finds my friends a little conventional, quite frankly | 说实话 他觉得我的朋友都太保守了 |
[18:08] | I mean, he’s travelled. | 我是说 他一直离家在外 |
[18:10] | He has a PhD in mathematics. | 他是数学博士 |
[18:14] | I suppose you could say he’s an intellectual. | 说他是个天才也不为过 |
[18:19] | It would do him a world of good | 让他和你们这样的年轻夫妇接触 |
[18:21] | To meet a young couple like you. | 会对他帮助很大的 |
[18:22] | We’d love to meet him. | 我们很高兴认识他 |
[18:27] | Really? | 真的? |
[18:29] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[18:30] | We’d love to. | 我们非常乐意 |
[18:33] | Thank you, dear. | 谢谢你 亲爱的 |
[18:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:42] | Well… | 那个… |
[18:43] | I must be off. | 我得走了 |
[18:55] | I remember the first day you came off the train. | 我还记得你下火车那天的样子 |
[18:59] | You weren’t like my other clients. | 你不像其他客户 |
[19:01] | You were different. | 你与众不同 |
[19:03] | You just seemed… | 你看上去… |
[19:05] | Special… | 很特别 |
[19:12] | Of course you still are. | 现在依然是 |
[19:15] | Remember… | 记得哦… |
[19:16] | Just a dollop. I must scoot. Toodle-oo. | 浇一点儿水 我得赶紧走了 再见 |
[19:25] | Bye. | 再见 |
[19:43] | I think you got me a little drunk. | 你让我醉醺醺的 |
[19:53] | You know what today is? | 知道今天什么日子吗 |
[19:55] | …Monday? | 不是星期一吗 |
[19:59] | It’s my birthday. | 是我生日 |
[20:01] | I’m thirty years old today. | 我今天30岁了 |
[20:05] | Happy birthday! | 生日快乐 |
[20:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:14] | What was the name of that, um… | 你瞎编的那个部门 |
[20:16] | Department you made up again? | 叫什么来着 |
[20:25] | Visual Aides. | 视觉辅助 |
[20:28] | …What-a-joke. | 太逗了 |
[20:33] | What-a-joke. | 太逗了 |
[20:36] | Oh my… | 天啊 |
[20:39] | Do you wanna hear a real joke…? | 你想听个真的笑话吗 |
[20:42] | Yes. | 想 |
[20:45] | My old man worked at Knox. | 我老爸就在诺克斯工作 |
[20:48] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[20:50] | He was a salesman in Yonkers. | 他在扬克斯市干推销 |
[20:55] | Once a year, | 有一年 |
[20:56] | He used to take me to the city for lunch. | 他带我进城吃午饭 |
[21:00] | It was supposed to be a very special, life-advice sort of occasion. | 那本该是个特别的传道解惑的场合 |
[21:04] | Nice. | 真不错 |
[21:05] | No. | 不 |
[21:05] | Not really. | 不是的 |
[21:09] | I used to sit there and think. | 我坐在那儿想 |
[21:13] | “I hope to Christ I don’t end up like you.” | 上帝 我求你别让我像他那样庸碌一生 |
[21:20] | Now here I am, | 现在 我坐在这儿 |
[21:22] | A thirty year old Knox man. | 一个30岁的诺克斯职员 |
[21:27] | Can you beat that? | 你能有什么法子 |
[21:31] | I think I kind of lost you… | 我想我没太注意… |
[21:37] | Your father worked for Knox…? | 你爸爸以前在诺克斯工作? |
[21:39] | I’m sorry. Everything’s kinda… | 抱歉 我有点儿… |
[21:43] | …going out of focus | 不能集中精神 |
[21:52] | Why don’t we get some air? | 我们出去走走吧 |
[21:55] | You with me | 我们俩 |
[22:36] | Is this you? | 这是你吗 |
[22:39] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[22:40] | You’ve been to Paris? | 你去过巴黎吗 |
[22:42] | I’ve never really been anywhere. | 我哪儿都没去过 |
[22:45] | Maybe I’ll take you with me then. | 那我该带你去一次 |
[22:48] | I’m going back first chance I get. | 只要有机会我就会回去的 |
[22:50] | I tell you. | 我跟你说 |
[22:51] | People are alive there. | 那儿的人都朝气蓬勃 |
[22:52] | Not like here. | 不像这里 |
[23:01] | All I know April is… | 爱宝 我只知道… |
[23:03] | I wanna feel things. | 我想要体验一切 |
[23:07] | Really feel them. | 真真切切地去感受 |
[23:10] | You know? | 明白吗 |
[23:13] | How’s that for an ambition…? | 这算得上是野心吗 |
[23:17] | Frank Wheeler | 弗兰克·惠勒 |
[23:18] | I think you’re the most interesting person | 我觉得 你是我见过的 |
[23:22] | I’ve ever met. | 最有趣的男人 |
[23:31] | Guess this wasn’t what you had in mind when you went to work this morning? | 我猜你今早上班时没想到会这样吧 |
[23:36] | No. It’s really wasn’t. | 是啊 真没想到 |
[23:57] | Do you have a cigarette, Frank? | 你有烟吗 弗兰克 |
[24:01] | Yeah, sure. | 当然 |
[24:10] | There you go. | 给你点上 |
[24:14] | Can I get you a drink or anything? | 我给你拿点什么喝的吧 |
[24:17] | No thanks, Maureen. Actually it’s… | 不 谢了 莫林 有点儿… |
[24:20] | It’s getting kind of late. I guess I… | 有点儿晚了 我看… |
[24:22] | I guess I’d better be cutting out. | 我看我还是回去了吧 |
[24:25] | Oh. Gee. That’s right. Did you miss your train? | 天啊 是呀 你错过火车了吧 |
[24:30] | That’s all right. | 没关系 |
[24:31] | I’ll catch the next one. | 我搭下一班 |
[24:34] | Listen, | 听着 |
[24:35] | You were swell. | 你真的一级棒 |
[24:44] | Take care now. | 再会 |
[25:20] | Frank… | 弗兰克… |
[25:21] | Why are you all dressed up? | 干吗打扮得这么隆重 |
[25:24] | First of all, | 首先 |
[25:25] | I missed you all day | 我想念你一整天了 |
[25:26] | And I wanna say I’m sorry. | 而且 我要道歉 |
[25:29] | I’m sorry for the way I’ve been since that stupid play. | 从演那出愚蠢的戏剧以来 |
[25:32] | I’m sorry for everything. | 这些日子 都是我不好 |
[25:34] | And I love you. | 我爱你 |
[25:38] | The rest can wait | 其它的以后再说 |
[25:40] | Now, you… | 现在 你… |
[25:41] | Just wait here till I call you. Okay? | 在这儿等我叫你再进来 好吗 |
[25:46] | Okay. | 好 |
[25:57] | Alright Frank! | 好啦 弗兰克 |
[25:58] | You can come in now! | 你能进来啦 |
[26:14] | “Happy Birthday to you.” | 祝你生日快乐 |
[26:20] | “Happy Birthday dear Daddy.” | 亲爱的爸爸生日快乐 |
[26:25] | “Happy Birthday to you.” | 祝你生日快乐 |
[26:31] | Happy Birthday, Darling. | 生日快乐 亲爱的 |
[26:33] | I love you, Daddy. | 我爱你 爸爸 |
[26:35] | I love you too. | 我也是 |
[26:53] | Frank. | 弗兰克 |
[27:01] | Frank. | 弗兰克 |
[27:02] | I have had the most wonderful idea. | 我有了个绝妙的主意 |
[27:06] | I’ve been thinking about it all day. | 我都想一整天了 |
[27:08] | Baby, what’s all this about? | 是什么呀 宝贝 |
[27:10] | You know how much money we have saved…? | 你知道我们已经攒了多少钱吗 |
[27:12] | Enough to live on for six months without you earning another dime. | 多到不用你赚一分钱我们就能生活半年 |
[27:15] | And with the money we could get from the house and the car, longer than that. | 如果卖了房子车子 时间还能更长 |
[27:19] | What we get for the house… | 卖房… |
[27:21] | Sweetheart, what are you talking about? | 亲爱的 你这是什么意思 |
[27:23] | Where are we going to live? | 我们住哪儿去啊 |
[27:25] | Paris. | 巴黎 |
[27:28] | What? | 什么 |
[27:29] | You always said it was the only place | 你总说那是唯一一处 |
[27:30] | You’d ever been, that you wanna to go back to. | 让你流连忘返的地方 |
[27:33] | The only place that was worth living. | 唯一一处值得生活的地方 |
[27:35] | So why don’t we go there? | 我们为什么不去呢 |
[27:36] | You’re serious? | 你说真的? |
[27:38] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[27:39] | What’s stopping us? | 有什么能阻止我们 |
[27:41] | What’s stopping us? | 有什么能阻止我们 |
[27:42] | Well, I can think of a number of different things. | 我能想到好多 |
[27:45] | For example, what kind of a job could I possibly get? | 例如 我要找什么工作 |
[27:49] | You won’t be getting any kind of job, | 你不用找任何工作 |
[27:52] | Because I will. | 我来 |
[27:53] | Oh, right. Right. | 好 好 |
[27:55] | Don’t laugh at me. | 不许笑话我 |
[27:56] | Listen a minute. | 听我说完 |
[27:58] | Do you know what they pay | 你知道在欧洲 |
[27:59] | For secretarial positions in the government agencies in Europe? | 政府机关秘书的薪水吗 |
[28:02] | No. I don’t. | 不知道 |
[28:03] | Listen Frank, | 听着 弗兰克 |
[28:03] | I’m serious about this. | 我是认真的 |
[28:04] | -Do you think I’m kidding or something? | -你觉得我在开玩笑吗 |
[28:06] | -Okay. | -好吧 |
[28:06] | I just have a couple of questions, is all. | 我只是有几个问题 |
[28:08] | For one thing, what exactly am I supposed to be doing | 我想知道 你外出工作赚钱 |
[28:11] | While you’re out earning all this money? | 那我干吗呢 |
[28:14] | Don’t you see, | 你看不出来吗 |
[28:15] | That’s the whole idea? | 这才是关键 |
[28:18] | You’ll be doing what you should’ve been allowed to do seven years ago. | 你就做7年前没做成的事 |
[28:21] | You’ll have time. | 你有足够的时间了 |
[28:23] | For the first time in your life you’ll have time to find out | 你有生以来第一次有时间 |
[28:25] | What it is that you actually want to do. | 去弄明白你到底想要干什么 |
[28:28] | And when you figure it out, | 而当你弄明白之后 |
[28:29] | You’ll have the time and the freedom to start doing it. | 你有足够的时间和自由重新开始 |
[28:36] | Sweetheart, it’s just not very realistic, is all. | 亲爱的 这根本不切实际 |
[28:44] | No, Frank. This is what’s unrealistic. | 不 弗兰克 现在的生活才不切实际 |
[28:48] | It’s unrealistic for a man with | 一个有着聪明头脑的男人 |
[28:50] | A fine mind to go on working | 年复一年地做着他根本无法忍受的工作 |
[28:52] | Year after year at a job he can’t stand, | 居住在自己根本不喜欢的地方 |
[28:55] | Coming home to a place he can’t stand, | 而且他的妻子也跟他一样 |
[28:57] | To a wife who’s equally unable to stand the same things. | 那才叫不切实际 |
[29:02] | Do you want to know the worst part? | 想要听最糟的那部分吗 |
[29:05] | Our whole existence here is based on this great premise | 在一切事物上我们都高人一等 |
[29:09] | That we’re special and superior to the whole thing. | 那是我们在这儿生活的最大前提 |
[29:13] | But we’re not. | 但我们并没有 |
[29:16] | We’re just like everyone else. | 我们跟其他人一样 |
[29:18] | Look at us. We’ve bought into the same ridiculous delusion. | 看看我们自己 我们都在自欺欺人 |
[29:22] | This idea that you have to resign from life | 这个想法使你不得不放弃去追求生活 |
[29:24] | And settle down the moment you have children. | 并因为孩子而安定生活 |
[29:28] | And we’ve been punishing each other for it. | 我们因为它而互相折磨 |
[29:31] | Listen, we decided to move out here. | 听着 我们决定离开这里 |
[29:34] | No one forced me to take the job at Knox. | 没人逼我去诺克斯工作 |
[29:36] | I mean, whoever said I was meant to be a big deal, anyway? | 谁说我想做番大事业来着 |
[29:39] | When I first met you, | 当我第一次遇见你的时候 |
[29:40] | There was nothing in the world you couldn’t do or be. | 这个世界上没什么你不能做的 |
[29:43] | When you first met me I was a little wise guy | 当你第一次遇见我的时候 我是个自作聪明 |
[29:45] | With a big mouth, that’s all. | 大嘴巴小伙子 仅此而已 |
[29:46] | You were not. How can you even say that? | 不是 你怎么可以如此贬低自己 |
[29:52] | Okay. Okay, so I’ll have time. | 好 好 我有大把时间 |
[29:56] | And god knows that’s appealing. It’s very appealing. | 天晓得那太吸引人了 太吸引人了 |
[29:59] | And everything you’re saying makes sense | 你所说的一切都很在理 |
[30:02] | If I had a definite talent, | 如果我确实有才华 |
[30:03] | If I were a writer or an artist. | 如果我是位作家或是位艺术家 |
[30:05] | No. But, Frank, listen. Listen to me. | 不 但是 弗兰克 听着 听我说 |
[30:08] | It’s what you are that’s being stifled. | 你的才华都被掩埋了 |
[30:11] | It’s what you are that’s being denied and denied in this kind of life. | 被这样的生活拒之门外了 |
[30:17] | And what’s that? | 那是什么 |
[30:22] | Don’t you know? | 你不知道吗 |
[30:26] | You’re the most beautiful and wonderful thing in the world. | 你是这个世界上最美妙绝伦的人 |
[30:34] | You’re a man. | 你是个大丈夫 |
[30:54] | This is our chance, Frank. This is our one chance. | 机不可失 失不再来 弗兰克 |
[31:06] | Okay. | 好 |
[31:11] | Okay? | 你答应了? |
[31:14] | Why not? Why the hell not? | 还有什么可拒绝的呢 |
[31:42] | -Good morning, all. -Morning, Frank. | -大家早安 -早啊 弗兰克 |
[31:44] | Franklin. Good to see your shining face. | 弗兰克林 很高兴见到你春风满面的 |
[31:47] | -What’s the news? -Fellas, I’m moving to Paris. | -有什么好事吗 -伙计们 我要移居巴黎了 |
[31:54] | Indeed. And I’m moving to Tangiers. | 是吗 我也要移居丹吉尔了 |
[32:14] | Intra-company letter to Toledo. | 发往托莱多的公司内部电函 |
[32:17] | Attention B.F. Chalmers, branch manager. | 注意 给分公司经理 B.F.查默斯 |
[32:23] | With regard to recent and repeated correspondence, | 关于最近反复地函件往来 |
[32:26] | This is to advise that the matter has been | 这次发函通知问题 |
[32:29] | Very satisfactorily taken in hand, period. | 将会圆满解决 句号 |
[32:32] | Paragraph. | 另起一行 |
[32:33] | We wholly agree that the existing brochure is unsuitable. | 我们完全同意现有的公司简介并不合适 |
[32:38] | To this end, we have developed, quote, | 到最后 我们已改进 引用一句话 |
[32:47] | “Speaking of production control.” | “谈及生产调度” |
[32:59] | Here you go, Mrs Wheeler. These are the traveller’s cheques you requested. | 给 惠勒太太 这些是您要的旅行支票 |
[33:04] | -Yes. -Your steamer reservations. | -好的 -您预定的船票 |
[33:08] | These I’ll pass on to the embassy for you. | 我会帮您把这些递交给大使馆 |
[33:10] | -Good luck. -Thank you. | -祝您好运 -谢谢 |
[33:17] | September. October at the outside. | 9月份走 最迟10月份 |
[33:21] | I just happen to think people are better off | 我开始想象人们随心所欲地 |
[33:23] | Doing some kind of work they actually like. | 做着自己确实喜欢的工作 |
[33:26] | -Right. Right, yes. -Absolutely, absolutely. | -是啊 是啊 -绝对是… |
[33:29] | But, I mean, assuming there is this true vocation waiting for you, | 但是 如果这儿有份真正适合你的工作在等着你 |
[33:35] | Wouldn’t you be just as likely to discover it here as there? | 你不会在这儿发掘吗 |
[33:41] | I don’t think it’s possible to discover anything | 我不认为在诺克斯大厦15层 |
[33:43] | On the 15th floor of the Knox building, | 能发掘什么东西 |
[33:47] | And I don’t think any of you do either. | 你们也一样 |
[34:49] | Daddy, Daddy, Daddy! | 爸爸 爸爸 爸爸 |
[34:53] | -Michael. -Daddy, will you read us… | -迈克尔 -爸爸 你会给我们讲故事吗… |
[34:55] | …all the way to here. | …直奔这儿 |
[35:01] | We have to take a big boat ride across the sea to get there. | 我们得搭乘一艘大船穿越海洋抵达那儿 |
[35:05] | -But I won’t know anybody there. -I know. I know. Neither will I. | -但那儿我一个人都不认识 -我知道 我也是啊 |
[35:10] | But remember how you felt when you started school? | 但你刚上学的时候不也一样吗 |
[35:12] | And now look how many friends you have. | 看看现在你有那么多朋友了 |
[35:15] | You’ll never guess what they eat in Paris. | 你们绝对猜不到巴黎人都吃什么 |
[35:19] | -You’ll never guess. -What? | -你们绝对猜不到 -吃什么 |
[35:22] | -Slimy Snails. -Snails? | -吃黏黏的蜗牛 -蜗牛? |
[35:24] | Slimy snails and icky frog’s legs. | 黏黏的蜗牛和青蛙腿 |
[35:40] | Milly, where are you, doll? | 米莉 你在哪儿 宝贝 |
[35:43] | You better get changed, they’ll be here soon. | 快点换衣服 他们马上就到了 |
[35:47] | -Is that what you’re wearing? -Don’t you like it? | -你就穿这身衣服吗 -你不喜欢吗 |
[35:51] | Yeah, yeah. You look great, doll. | 不 不 你看起来漂亮极了 宝贝 |
[35:56] | Guess I better haul ass. | 我得快点去换好衣服 |
[36:15] | Hiya, gang. | 小伙子们 你们好啊 |
[36:21] | What you watching? | 你们在看什么呢 |
[37:03] | Shep? | 谢普? |
[37:06] | I was calling you and calling you. | 我到处找你呢 |
[37:19] | Here we go. Just a little something. | 来啦 小点心来啦 |
[37:24] | -Those look great. I’m starving. -April, I can’t get over it, | -看起来美味极了 饿死了 -爱宝 我可猜不透 |
[37:30] | You look like the cat that ate the canary. | 你看起来像吃了金丝雀的猫 |
[37:34] | Do you have something to tell us? just a little bit of news? | 有什么事要宣布吗 有什么小道消息吗 |
[37:38] | Well, actually, Milly, we…Well, we do have some important news, yes. | 米莉 其实 我们…我们确实有些重要的事要宣布 |
[37:42] | I knew it. | 我就知道 |
[37:44] | Honey, why don’t you tell them? Go ahead. | 亲爱的 你来宣布吧 讲吧 |
[37:49] | We’re going to Europe. To Paris. | 我们要去欧洲了 去巴黎 |
[37:57] | To live. | 去定居 |
[38:02] | -What? -When? | -什么 -什么时候 |
[38:05] | -In september. -But what for? | -9月份走 -为什么 |
[38:10] | What for? Well, because we’ve always wanted to. | 为什么 因为我们一直都向往去那儿 |
[38:14] | Because the kids are young enough. Because it’s beautiful. | 因为孩子还小 因为那儿漂亮 |
[38:17] | I mean, really. Shep, you’ve been there, you tell her. | 我是说真的 谢普 你去过那儿 你跟她讲讲吧 |
[38:21] | -Yeah, it’s a great city. -Yeah. | -对 是个不错的城市 -对 |
[38:30] | When did you make this decision? | 你们什么时候做的决定 |
[38:34] | About a week ago? It’s hard to remember. | 大概一周前吧 记不清楚了 |
[38:37] | We just suddenly decided to go, that’s all. | 我们突然决定的 仅此而已 |
[38:39] | About a week ago, you tell us now. | 大概一周前决定的 你们现在才说 |
[38:41] | We had to get used to the idea. | 我们得深思熟虑过后才告诉你们 |
[38:43] | So, what’s the deal, Frank? You get a job over there, or what? | 那都安排好了吗 弗兰克 在那儿找工作还是怎样 |
[38:46] | -No, no. Not exactly. -What do you mean, “not exactly”? | -不 还不大确定 -不大确定? |
[38:53] | Frank won’t be getting any kind of a job, because I will. | 弗兰克不会找任何工作 因为我会去工作 |
[39:00] | So what are you going to do,Frank? | 那你打算做什么呢 弗兰克 |
[39:02] | I’m going to study. And I’m going to read. | 我要去进修 去读书 |
[39:06] | I suppose I’m going to finally figure out what I want to do with my life, | 我想我终于要弄清在接下来的人生中我想要做什么了 |
[39:10] | Shep. | 谢普 |
[39:11] | While she supports you? | 那她支持你吗 |
[39:14] | Yes. While she supports me. | 当然 她很支持我 |
[39:17] | In the beginning. | 一开始就支持我 |
[39:19] | You wouldn’t believe what they pay for secretarial work | 那边的政府机构付给秘书的薪酬 |
[39:22] | In those government agencies over there. | 令人难以置信 |
[39:24] | NATO and ECA and those places. | 像北约和非洲经济委员会那些机构 |
[39:28] | And the cost of living is dirt cheap, right? | 而且那边的生活费用超低的 对吧 |
[39:29] | It’s so cheap. | 超低 |
[39:33] | The truth is we just need something different. | 其实我们只是需要换换环境罢了 |
[39:36] | We’re not getting any younger and we don’t want life to just pass us by. | 岁月催人老 我们不想生命白白流逝 |
[39:40] | That’s right. | 是啊 |
[39:42] | Gee, it sounds wonderful, kids. | 听起来棒极了 年轻人 |
[39:46] | I mean it. It really sounds wonderful. | 我说真的 听起来真的很棒 |
[39:49] | -Thank you, Milly. -Oh, Milly. | -谢谢 米莉 -米莉 |
[39:52] | We’ll certainly miss you both. Won’t we, sweetie? Golly. | 我们一定会想你们的 对吧 亲爱的 天哪 |
[39:55] | -Sure. -We’ll miss you, too. | -当然 -我们也会想你们的 |
[39:57] | -Of course. -True. | -一定会 -一定 |
[39:58] | We should have a toast or something. To Paris. | 我们应该为去巴黎干一杯 |
[40:00] | -To Paris. -To Paris. | -为巴黎干杯 -为巴黎干杯 |
[40:02] | To paris. | 为巴黎干杯 |
[40:04] | -Cheers. -Cheers. | -干杯 -干杯 |
[40:19] | You know what I think? | 你知道我在想什么吗 |
[40:22] | What? | 什么 |
[40:24] | I think this whole plan sounds a little immature. | 我认为这整个计划听起来有点不成熟 |
[40:27] | Oh, god, I am so relieved. | 天哪 我放心多了 |
[40:32] | Me, too. I was thinking that the whole time. | 我也是 我也一直那么想 |
[40:35] | I mean, what kind of man is going to sit around | 我的意思是 什么样的男人会整天坐在家里 |
[40:36] | In his bathrobe all day picking his nose | 游手好闲 无所事事 |
[40:38] | -While his wife goes out and works? | -而老婆却在外面赚钱养家呢 |
[40:40] | -I don’t know, Shep. | -不知道 |
[40:41] | I just don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[40:49] | Why are you crying? | 你干吗哭啊 |
[40:53] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[40:59] | It’s nothing. I’m just so relieved. | 没什么 我只是要发泄一下罢了 |
[41:05] | Shep. | 谢普 |
[41:06] | Don’t cry. Please. It’s all right. Everything’s going to be all right. | 求你别哭了 没事的 一切都会过去的 |
[41:15] | My god, their faces! Oh, god. | 我的天哪 瞧他们当时的脸 天哪 |
[41:21] | Oh, god! | 天哪 |
[41:23] | You know what this is like, April, honestly? | 爱宝 坦白讲 你知道这像什么吗 |
[41:27] | Just talking like this? | 这么讲吧 |
[41:28] | The whole idea of going off to Europe this way? | 去欧洲的这个想法 |
[41:32] | This is the way I felt going up to the line the first time, in the war. | 在战乱之中 这是我第一次感到要去实现梦想 |
[41:36] | I mean, I was probably just as scared as everyone else, | 曾经 我大概跟别人一样也会被吓到 |
[41:39] | But inside I never felt better. | 但内心我从未感到如此舒畅 |
[41:43] | I felt alive. I felt full of blood. I felt… | 我感到自己还活着 热血沸腾 我感到… |
[41:48] | Everything just… everything seemed more real. | 一切都…一切看起来都更真实了 |
[41:50] | The guys in their uniforms. | 大伙穿着制服 |
[41:52] | The snow on the fields,the trees, and all of us. | 树上 田园上 还有我们身上的皑皑白雪 |
[41:55] | All of us just walking. | 我们这些行人 |
[41:58] | I mean, I was scared, of course. | 当然 我曾被吓到了 |
[42:01] | But I just kept thinking, “This is it, you know. This is the truth.” | 但我一直在想象 “就是它 这才是真理” |
[42:10] | I felt that way once, too. | 曾经我也那么觉得 |
[42:13] | When? | 什么时候 |
[42:23] | The first time you made love to me. | 你第一次像我示爱的时候 |
[42:29] | April. | 爱宝 |
[43:09] | Frank. | 弗兰克 |
[43:37] | -What’s up? -Bart Pollock’s here. | -怎么了 -巴特·波洛克来了 |
[43:40] | He’s in Bandy’s office. | 在邦迪的办公室 |
[43:44] | Big deal, huh? | 大事不妙啊 |
[43:51] | Looks like he wants to talk to you. | 看起来像是要找你谈话 |
[43:56] | Hey, keep my name out of it. | 喂 别提我的大名啊 |
[44:05] | Frank. Good to see you. You know Bart Pollock? | 很高兴见到你 弗兰克 认识巴特·波洛克吧 |
[44:09] | -Well, we’ve never met, but of course… -Good to know you, Frank. | -从未见过面 但当然… -很高兴认识你 弗兰克 |
[44:13] | “Speaking of production control”? | “谈及生产调度” |
[44:19] | Frank, this is a crackerjack. | 弗兰克 这真是惊世之作啊 |
[44:26] | They are tickled to death in Toledo. | 托莱多的人满意极了 |
[44:37] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[44:40] | So, this guy Pollock was perfect presidential material in the worst sense. | 波洛克这家伙是品味极差人物的绝佳代表素材 |
[44:44] | A million dollar smile and about three pounds of muscle between the ears. | 笑得脸部肌肉都快抽筋了 |
[44:48] | April, you should have heard this guy. | 爱宝 你真该听听这家伙说的话 |
[44:51] | “Frank, this is a crackerjack.” What a horse’s ass. | “弗兰克 这真是惊世之作啊” 马屁都快拍到马腿上了 |
[44:55] | Wish I’d seen his face when you told him you were leaving. | 真想看看当你告诉他要辞职时 他的脸色啊 |
[45:08] | Here they come. | 他们来了 |
[45:13] | -Sorry to be late. -You’re not late. | -抱歉来晚了 -没事 |
[45:15] | -The traffic was terrible. -Thank you. You didn’t have to do that. | -交通大拥堵 -谢谢 何必那么客气呢 |
[45:18] | -Good to see you. -Wasn’t it terrible, Howard? | -很高兴见到你们 -很糟糕吧 霍华德 |
[45:20] | Well, Route 12. | 第12大道 |
[45:21] | By the time they finish that stretch of road, | 到他们扩路完毕为止 |
[45:23] | They’ll have to start all over again, right? | 他们不得不再重新开始 对吧 |
[45:27] | -And you must be John? -Say hello, John. | -你一定是约翰吧 -约翰 打个招呼 |
[45:32] | Nice to meet you. Heard a lot about you. | 很高兴见到你 久仰大名 |
[45:36] | -Where are your darling children? -They’re at a birthday party. | -宝贝孩子们在哪儿呢 -他们去参加生日派对了 |
[45:39] | -Sorry they couldn’t be here. -Don’t worry. | -抱歉他们没法在场 -不要紧 |
[45:41] | If I had a certified lunatic coming around my house, | 如果有个精神病患者来我家 |
[45:44] | I’d probably get the kids out of the way, too. | 我大概也会把孩子们支走 |
[45:46] | Look at all this food. You didn’t have to go to any trouble for us. | 瞧你们还弄了吃的 真是太客气了 |
[45:51] | It’s just some sandwiches. | 只是些三明治而已 |
[45:53] | John, would you like a sandwich? | 约翰 要吃三明治吗 |
[45:55] | Helen’s been talking it up about you people for months. | 几个月来海伦一直谈到你们 |
[45:59] | The nice young Wheelers on Revolutionary Road, | 在革命路上年轻友善的惠勒夫妇 |
[46:02] | The nice young revolutionaries on Wheeler Road. | 在惠勒路上年轻友善的革命者们 |
[46:06] | -Would anyone like some sherry? -Please don’t bother, Frank. | -你们谁要喝雪利酒吗 -弗兰克 别麻烦了 |
[46:10] | I’d like some sherry. | 我要点儿 |
[46:12] | And I’ll drink Helen’s, too, if she doesn’t beat me to it. | 如果海伦不打我的话 她的那杯也给我 |
[46:17] | But, hey, you got a high-ball glass? | 但是 你有加冰威士忌吗 |
[46:20] | Put a couple-three ice cubes in it, pour it up to the brim. | 放两三块小方冰进去 斟满 |
[46:24] | -That’s the way I like it. -I think I can handle that. | -我喜欢这样喝酒 -我想我能办到 |
[46:33] | This egg salad is delicious, April. You must tell me how you fix it. | 爱宝 这个鸡蛋沙拉很好吃 你一定要教我怎么做 |
[46:37] | -You a lawyer, Frank? -No. No, I’m not. | -弗兰克 你是律师? -不 不 不是 |
[46:40] | I could use a lawyer. | 我曾经可能是个律师 |
[46:42] | John, let’s not get started again about the lawyer. | 约翰 别又开始讲律师的事了 |
[46:45] | Pop, couldn’t you just sit there | 老爸 你能不能就坐那儿 |
[46:46] | And eat your wonderful egg salad and quit horning in? | 吃你那美味鸡蛋沙拉 少掺和 |
[46:50] | See, I’ve got a good many questions to ask | 我有很多问题要问呢 |
[46:53] | And I’m willing to pay for the answers. | 我愿意为答案付出代价 |
[46:55] | Now, I don’t need to be told that a man who goes after his mother | 现在 我无需被告知一个男人拿着茶几 |
[46:58] | With a coffee table is putting himself in a weak position legally, | 追逐他母亲 会使自己处于法律的劣势方 |
[47:02] | That’s obvious. | 那太明显了 |
[47:03] | John, come and have a look out this fabulous picture window. | 约翰 过来看看窗外的美妙风景 |
[47:06] | If he hits her with it and kills her, | 如果他用茶几打她并杀她 |
[47:07] | That’s a criminal case. | 那就是一起刑事案 |
[47:08] | Oh, look, the sun’s coming out! | 快看 太阳出来了 |
[47:10] | If all he does is break the coffee table | 如果他只是打碎茶几 |
[47:12] | And give her a certain amount of aggravation | 还有冲她发火 |
[47:14] | And she decides to go to court over it, that’s a civil case. | 她决定诉诸法庭 那就是民事诉讼案 |
[47:17] | Maybe we’ll have a rainbow. John, come have a look. | 也许我们会看到彩虹 约翰 快来看呀 |
[47:19] | Ma, how about doing everybody a favour? How about shutting up! | 妈 帮帮忙 闭上你的嘴巴 |
[47:23] | Settle down, now. | 冷静点 |
[47:26] | Maybe I can look into it, recommend someone. What do you say? | 也许我可以调查一下 推荐个人 你意下如何 |
[47:37] | So, what do you do, Frank? | 弗兰克 你做什么的 |
[47:41] | I work at Knox Business Machines, actually. | 其实我是在诺克斯商业机械公司上班 |
[47:45] | You design the machines? | 设计机械吗 |
[47:46] | -Nope. -Make them, sell them, repair them? | -不是 -制造 销售 还是修理? |
[47:50] | -All these questions. -I help sell them, I guess. | -那么多问题 -算是销售人员吧 |
[47:53] | I work in the office. Actually, it’s… | 我在办公室做事 其实 那是… |
[47:58] | Well, it’s sort of a stupid job, really. | 有点无趣的工作 真的 |
[47:59] | There’s nothing interesting about it at all. | 对它根本一点兴趣都没有 |
[48:04] | What do you do it for then? | 那为什么还要做呢 |
[48:06] | Maybe Frank doesn’t like being questioned. | 也许弗兰克不喜欢被质问 |
[48:08] | Okay, okay, okay. I know it’s none of my business. | 好 好…我知道那不关我的事 |
[48:11] | And besides, I know the answer. | 而且 我知道答案 |
[48:14] | You want to play house, you got to have a job. | 你要养家糊口 所以必须工作 |
[48:17] | You want to play very nice house, very sweet house, | 你想要住很漂亮的房子 很温馨的房子 |
[48:20] | Then you’ve got to have a job you don’t like. | 然后你就得接受一份你不喜欢的工作 |
[48:23] | Anyone comes along and says, “what do you do it for?” | 无论谁过来说”你为什么工作” |
[48:25] | He’s probably on a four-hour pass from the state funny farm. | 他就可能是从州立疯人院请了4小时假出来的 |
[48:32] | -All agreed? Ma? -Sorry, Frank. | -都赞同吗 妈? -抱歉 弗兰克 |
[48:35] | Don’t be. Don’t be. Actually, John, I agree with everything you just said. | 没事 约翰 说实在的 你刚说的我都赞同 |
[48:41] | We both do. That’s why I’m quitting the job in the fall. We’re taking off. | 我们都赞同 所以秋天我要离职了 我们要走了 |
[48:46] | We’re moving to Paris. | 移居巴黎 |
[48:51] | Did you know about this, Ma? | 老妈 你知道这事吗 |
[48:55] | How do you feel about that, Ma? The nice young Wheelers… | 你什么感觉 年轻友善的惠勒一家… |
[49:03] | The nice young Wheelers are taking off. | 年轻友善的惠勒一家要走了 |
[49:14] | -John, please. -Steady down, son. | -约翰 求你了 -别激动 孩子 |
[49:23] | John. John. How about some fresh air? What do you say? | 约翰 出去呼吸下新鲜空气怎么样 |
[49:27] | If that’s all right with you? | 如果你同意的话? |
[49:29] | I don’t know if it’s such a good idea… | 我不知道这样行不行… |
[49:31] | If John wants to, I don’t see the harm. | 如果约翰想去的话 我觉得没什么大碍 |
[49:33] | -Good. -After you. | -好 -你先请 |
[49:39] | -I hear you’re a mathematician. -You hear wrong. It’s all gone now. | -听说你是位数学家 -你听错了 一切都已成过去时 |
[49:46] | All gone? | 过去时? |
[49:47] | You know what electrical shock treatments are? | 你知道电击疗法吗 |
[49:50] | Yes. Yes, I do. | 知道 知道 |
[49:52] | I’ve had 37. | 我已经做过37次了 |
[49:58] | Supposed to jolt out the emotional problems. | 本该击掉情感问题 |
[50:01] | -Just jolted out the mathematics. -How awful. | -却只击掉了数学 -真糟糕 |
[50:06] | “How awful”? Why, because mathematics is so interesting? | “真糟糕”? 为什么 因为数学很有意思吗 |
[50:12] | No. Because the shocks must be awful and, | 不是 因为电击肯定很糟糕 |
[50:15] | Because it’s awful not to be able to do what it is that you want to do. | 糟糕是因为它并没达到你想要的结果 |
[50:19] | I think mathematics must be dull. | 我想数学肯定很枯燥乏味 |
[50:23] | I like your girl, Frank. | 我喜欢你太太 弗兰克 |
[50:25] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[50:27] | So, what do a couple of people like you have to run away from? | 那像你们这样的夫妇还有什么可逃避的呢 |
[50:30] | -We’re not running. -So what’s in Paris? | -我们不是在逃避 -那为什么要去巴黎 |
[50:33] | -A different way of life. -Maybe we are running. | -不同的生活方式 -也许我们是在逃避 |
[50:37] | We’re running from the hopeless emptiness of the whole life here, right? | 我们在逃避这儿绝望空虚的生活 对吧 |
[50:41] | The hopeless emptiness? | 绝望空虚? |
[50:47] | Now you’ve said it. Plenty of people are on to the emptiness, | 你说到点上了 很多人都活在空虚里 |
[50:54] | But it takes real guts to see the hopelessness. | 但直面绝望真的很需要勇气 |
[51:18] | You know, he’s the first person | 他好像是第一个能真正了解 |
[51:20] | Who seemed to know what we were talking about. | 我们在谈论什么的人 |
[51:23] | Yeah. That’s true, isn’t it? Maybe we are just as crazy as he is. | 是真的 不是吗 也许我们跟他同类 |
[51:31] | If being crazy means living life as if it matters, | 如果疯狂跟生活息息相关的话 |
[51:35] | Then I don’t care if we are completely insane. | 那么我不在乎我们是否完全疯了 |
[51:41] | Do you? | 你在乎吗 |
[51:45] | No. | 不在乎 |
[51:48] | I love you so much. | 我好爱你 |
[52:01] | Tell you something, Frank. That Ted Bandy, nice guy. | 告诉你一些事 弗兰克 那个特德·邦迪 友善的家伙 |
[52:05] | Real sport. | 讨喜的家伙 |
[52:06] | Good enough department head and all. | 足以胜任部门经理一职 |
[52:08] | But I’m a little sore at him for the way he’s kept you | 但对于这些年他把你的才华隐没 |
[52:10] | Under a bushel all these years. | 我真是感到痛心疾首啊 |
[52:13] | -This place okay for you? -It’s just fine, sir. Just fine. | -这地方还好吧 -很好 先生 很好 |
[52:17] | One thing interests me, Frank, and one thing only. | 有一件事让我很感兴趣 弗兰克 就这一件事而已 |
[52:20] | Selling the electronic computer to the American businessman. | 卖电脑给美国商人 |
[52:24] | That’s why I’m assembling a team. Men like you. | 那是我组建一个团队的原因 聚集像你这样的人才 |
[52:29] | Not your average salesmen. | 不再是以前普通的售货员了 |
[52:31] | It’ll mean more money, | 这意味着有更丰厚的薪水 |
[52:32] | And, I got to be honest, maybe more of a time commitment. | 而且 说实话 也许需要付出更多的时间 |
[52:36] | But you’ll be a part | 但你会成为那些 |
[52:37] | Of something exciting, Wheeler. | 激动人心的事业的一员 惠勒 |
[52:39] | Computers. | 电脑 |
[52:44] | Well, sir, it sounds exciting. | 先生 这听起来挺有趣 |
[52:47] | -Bart. -Bart. | -叫我巴特 -巴特 |
[52:54] | Bart, let me ask you a question. | 巴特 问你一个问题 |
[52:57] | Do you happen to remember an Earl Wheeler? Out of Yonkers? | 你有没有想到一位叫厄尔·惠勒的人 扬克斯市的 |
[53:02] | -Can’t say that I do. Relation of yours? -My father. | -恐怕没有 是你亲戚? -我爸爸 |
[53:06] | He worked as a salesman for Knox for almost 20 years. | 他在诺克斯做了差不多20年的销售 |
[53:11] | Earl Wheeler. | 厄尔·惠勒 |
[53:18] | There’s no reason you’d remember him. | 你也理由会记住他 |
[53:22] | Well, I’m sure he was a good man. | 我敢肯定他是个好人 |
[53:32] | Listen, Bart, there’s something I should have mentioned earlier. | 听着巴特 有件事我早该和你说 |
[53:39] | I’m going to be leaving the firm in the fall. | 我打算在秋季离开公司 |
[53:44] | -Another outfit? -No, no, it’s not another outfit. | -跳槽吗 -不 不 不是跳槽 |
[53:47] | Now, look, Frank. Is it a question of money? | 听着 弗兰克 是薪水的问题吗 |
[53:50] | Because if it is, there’s no reason | 若是薪水问题的话 那就没有任何理由 |
[53:52] | We can’t get together on a satisfactory… | 使我们达不成共识… |
[53:53] | Well, I sure appreciate that, but no, it’s not the money. | 我非常感激 但不是钱的问题 |
[53:56] | It’s… well, it’s more of a personal thing. | 那是…那是私事 |
[54:02] | I hope you understand. | 我希望你能理解 |
[54:04] | A personal thing? | 私事? |
[54:07] | I see. | 我明白 |
[54:09] | Frank, let me tell you something my father told me. | 弗兰克 我父亲告诉我 |
[54:13] | A man only gets a couple of chances in life. | 人生只有几次机会 |
[54:16] | If he doesn’t grab them by the balls, | 如果你不及时把握 |
[54:18] | It won’t be long before he’s sitting around wondering | 不久后便会呆呆坐着 |
[54:20] | How he got to be second rate. | 后悔当时有机会却没把握住 |
[54:28] | I guess so. | 我想也是 |
[54:31] | So, do me a favour. Sleep on it. | 所以 拜托 别犹豫了 |
[54:35] | Discuss it with your wife. | 和你妻子商量一下 |
[54:39] | Because let’s be honest, where the hell would any of us be | 因为 说实话 妻子总是 |
[54:41] | Without our wives, anyway? | 伴随我们左右的 |
[54:46] | And, Frank, in all sincerity, if you do decide to join us, | 而且 弗兰克 坦率地说 如果你加入我们 |
[54:50] | I believe it’ll be a thing you’ll never regret. | 我相信你将永远不会后悔 |
[54:54] | And I believe something else, too. | 我还相信另一件事 |
[54:57] | I believe it’d be a fine memorial to your Dad. | 我相信这会是对你父亲很好的纪念 |
[55:03] | Think about it, Frank. Really think about it. | 想想吧 弗兰克 仔细想想 |
[55:13] | Knowing what you’ve got, comma, | 知道你拥有的一切 逗号 |
[55:17] | Knowing what you need, comma, | 知道你所求 逗号 |
[55:21] | Knowing what you can do without, dash. | 知道完成某些事可以不用 破折号 |
[55:27] | That’s inventory control. | 存货控制 |
[55:47] | Knowing what you’ve got, comma, | 知道你拥有的一切 逗号 |
[55:52] | Knowing what you need, comma, | 知道你所求 逗号 |
[55:56] | Knowing what you can do without, dash. | 知道完成某些事可以不用 破折号 |
[56:02] | That’s inventory control. | 存货控制 |
[56:06] | Hi, Frank. | 你好 弗兰克 |
[56:09] | Working late? | 在加班? |
[56:11] | Yeah. I got to dig myself out here. | 是啊 我快好了 |
[56:17] | I heard you were getting promoted. | 听说你要升职了 |
[56:21] | Big shot. | 机会难得 |
[56:26] | I guess your Dad would have been real proud, huh? | 我想你父亲肯定为你感到骄傲 |
[56:37] | Yeah. Yeah, I guess so. | 是啊 我想也是 |
[56:49] | So maybe I should take you for a drink or something? | 那也许我该请你喝点东西 |
[56:53] | You know, celebrate. | 就当庆祝一下 |
[57:01] | Yeah, maybe. | 好 可以吧 |
[57:07] | I’ll just get my things. | 我去拿东西 |
[57:17] | I’m going to bring my doll carriage | 我要带上我的玩具马车 |
[57:19] | And my three Easter rabbits and my giraffe | 还有我的3只复活节兔子 还有我的长颈鹿 |
[57:22] | And all my dolls and my doll house and my crayons… | 还有我所有的玩偶 玩具房 蜡笔… |
[57:25] | I thought maybe we’d give the doll house to Madeline. | 也许我们可以把玩具房送给艾德林 |
[57:27] | I don’t want to give the doll house to Madeline. | 我不想送给艾德林 |
[57:29] | But I already explained to you, | 但我早和你说清楚了 |
[57:30] | The big things are going to be hard to pack. | 大的东西很难塞进行李 |
[57:32] | But she can have my bear, | 但我可以给她娃娃熊 |
[57:33] | -And my three easter rabbits. -No! Just the big things. | -还有那3只复活节的兔子 -不行 就那大的东西 |
[57:37] | Look. Wouldn’t you rather go outside and play with Michael? | 听着 为什么不出去和迈克尔玩儿 |
[57:39] | -I don’t feel like it. -You’ve been inside all day. | -我不想去 -你一整天都在房子里 |
[57:41] | I don’t feel like it. | 我不想出去 |
[57:43] | Well, I don’t feel like explaining everything 15 times | 我不喜欢向无聊且愚蠢得无法理解的人 |
[57:46] | To somebody who’s too bored and silly to listen! | 把每一件事情都解释15遍 |
[57:56] | -All right, April. What’s the matter? -Nothing. | -好了 爱宝 你怎么了 -没事 |
[57:59] | I don’t believe you. Did something happen this morning? | 我不信 早上发生什么事了 |
[58:02] | Nothing happened today that I haven’t known about for days and days. | 很久以来都没发生什么了 |
[58:05] | What? | 什么 |
[58:07] | Oh, god, Frank, please don’t look so dense. | 天啊 弗兰克 别再装傻了 |
[58:10] | You mean you haven’t guessed or anything? | 你就从没怀疑过? |
[58:12] | April, what are you talking about? | 爱宝 你到底在说什么 |
[58:17] | I’m pregnant, that’s all. | 我怀孕了 就这样 |
[58:22] | What? | 什么 |
[58:23] | Frank, I meant to wait till the kids were in bed to tell you, | 弗兰克 我本想等孩子们睡了再告诉你的 |
[58:26] | But I just… well, I’ve been pretty sure all week | 但我只是…整个星期我都确信 |
[58:29] | And today I went to the doctor, | 今天我去看了医生 |
[58:30] | And now I can’t even pretend it’s not true. | 现在我根本无法假装没事发生 |
[58:34] | -How long? -Ten weeks. | -多久了 -10个星期 |
[58:39] | Ten weeks. Ten weeks? And you wait until now to tell me? | 10个星期 10个星期? 你现在才告诉我? |
[58:43] | I thought… I don’t know what I thought | 我以为…我也不知道我怎么想的 |
[58:47] | I’m sorry, Frank. I’m so sorry. | 对不起 弗兰克 对不起 |
[58:50] | I know. I know you are. All right? | 我知道 我知道你很难过 |
[58:53] | There are things we can do. | 我们会有办法的 |
[58:56] | We don’t have to let this stop us from going, do we? | 我们不会因此而却步 对吧 |
[58:59] | Remember that girl at school I told you about? | 记得我告诉你那个学校里的女孩子吗 |
[59:01] | As long as we take care of it | 只要我们在12个星期前 |
[59:03] | Before 12 weeks, it’s fine. | 把它处理掉就没事了 |
[59:06] | We’ve got to be together in this, Frank. | 我们必须同心协力 弗兰克 |
[59:11] | Well, we’ll figure it out. All right? | 我们会有办法的 对吗 |
[59:18] | Come here. | 过来 |
[59:22] | Twelve weeks. So we have time to decide, right? | 12个星期 那我们还有时间来做决定 |
[59:26] | Right. | 对 |
[59:30] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[59:35] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[1:00:21] | So, Frank, how’s work? They gonna survive without you? | 弗兰克 工作怎样了 公司没你也能运作? |
[1:00:27] | Actually, something kind of funny happened the other day. | 事实上 前几天发生了件很搞笑的事 |
[1:00:32] | I did some dumb little piece of work | 我只是做了点无聊的事 |
[1:00:33] | To get myself off the hook with Bandy, | 想要逃离邦迪的束缚 |
[1:00:35] | And suddenly, I’m the bright young man. | 突然 我就变成一个前途光明的有位青年了 |
[1:00:39] | -That’s always the way, ain’t it? -It’s incredible. | -事情总是这样 不是吗 -难以置信 |
[1:00:42] | I mean, I knocked this thing off in a couple of minutes | 我是说 我只是用几分钟时间搞定那东西 |
[1:00:44] | And now they want me to join their team of “specialist” salesmen. | 现在他们想我加入他们的精英销售员队伍 |
[1:00:48] | Morons. | 一群白痴 |
[1:00:52] | Well, it would be funny if they weren’t offering | 那会很有趣 如果他们 |
[1:00:54] | So much damn money. | 给我不菲的薪水 |
[1:01:00] | So, are you tempted? | 那么 你被诱惑住了吗 |
[1:01:02] | Well, it’s just kind of ironic, don’t you think? | 真有点讽刺 不是吗 |
[1:01:29] | I thought you turned the job down. | 我以为你已经拒绝了这份工作 |
[1:01:33] | Not yet. | 还没有 |
[1:01:35] | It’s just an option, that’s all. | 这只是给我一个选择 就这样 |
[1:01:39] | With the kind of money they’re talking, | 有了这么多的钱 |
[1:01:40] | Things could be different for us here. | 我们的生活就会有很大改观了 |
[1:01:42] | We could get a better place. Travel. | 我们可以去更好的地方 去旅行 |
[1:01:46] | The point is, we could be happy here, | 我是说在这儿我们也可以很开心 |
[1:01:47] | At least for a little while. | 起码会有一阵子 |
[1:01:49] | It is possible that Parisians aren’t the only ones | 不可能只有巴黎人 |
[1:01:51] | Capable of leading interesting lives, April. | 才能追求有趣的生活 爱宝 |
[1:01:54] | So you’ve made up your mind? | 所以你已经作出决定了? |
[1:01:56] | No. No. Like I said, it’s just an option. That’s all. | 不 不 就像我之前说的 那只是一个选择 |
[1:02:04] | And supposing you’re right. | 假设你是对的 |
[1:02:07] | You make all this money and we have this interesting life here. | 你去挣这些钱 我们在这儿过着有趣的生活 |
[1:02:11] | Won’t you still be wasting your life | 每天挣扎在你觉得荒唐的工作里 |
[1:02:13] | Toiling away at a job you find ridiculous? | 那还不是在浪费你的生命吗 |
[1:02:17] | Maybe we let that be my business, all right? | 你就别管我的事了 好吗 |
[1:02:19] | Your business? | 你的事? |
[1:02:21] | You know what? It’s too hot for this. I’m going to go get wet. | 这里太热了 我去湿湿身子 |
[1:02:37] | -You don’t want to go, do you? -Come on, April. Of course, I do. | -你不想去 对不对 -别这样 爱宝 我当然想去 |
[1:02:40] | No, you don’t. Because you’ve never tried at anything. | 不 你不想 因为你从未尝试过任何事 |
[1:02:43] | And if you don’t try at anything, you can’t fail. | 如果你什么也不尝试 你永远会失败 |
[1:02:46] | What the hell do you mean I don’t try? | 你什么意思 我不尝试? |
[1:02:48] | I support you, don’t I? I pay for this house. | 我供养你 是我买下了这房子 |
[1:02:51] | I work 10 hours a day at a job I can’t stand. | 我每天花10小时干我无法忍受的工作 |
[1:02:54] | -You don’t have to. -Bullshit! | -你没必要去做 -狗屁 |
[1:02:56] | Look, I’m not happy about it. | 听着 我对此也很不爽 |
[1:02:57] | But I have the backbone not to run away from my responsibilities. | 但我有骨气 不会逃避责任 |
[1:03:00] | It takes backbone to lead the life you want, Frank. | 用你的骨气去追求你想要的生活 弗兰克 |
[1:03:08] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪儿 |
[1:03:09] | If it’s all right with you, April, I’m gonna go use the bathroom. Okay? | 我要用浴室 这不会影响你吧 爱宝 |
[1:03:42] | What the hell are you going to do with this? | 你他妈要用这个干什么 |
[1:03:45] | And what do you think you’re going to do? | 你到底在想什么 |
[1:03:46] | -You’re going to stop me? -You’re damn right I am! | -你要阻止我吗 -我就是要阻止你 |
[1:03:48] | Go ahead and try. | 来啊 |
[1:03:49] | Listen to me. You do this, April, you do this and I swear to god I’ll… | 听着 如果你真的做了 爱宝 我发誓我… |
[1:03:53] | You’ll what? you’ll leave me? Is that a threat or a promise? | 你怎样 离开我吗 是威胁还是承诺? |
[1:03:56] | When did you buy this, April? | 你什么时候买的 爱宝 |
[1:03:57] | How long have you had this? I want to know! | 这东西你买了多久 我要知道 |
[1:03:59] | Jesus christ. | 天啊 |
[1:04:00] | You really are being melodramatic about this whole thing. | 整件事你真的很荒谬 |
[1:04:03] | As long as it’s done in the first 12 weeks, it’s perfectly safe. | 只要在第12周前完成 就完全没事 |
[1:04:06] | That’s now, April! Don’t I get a say? | 那就是现在 爱宝 我就没有发言权吗 |
[1:04:09] | Of course you do! | 当然有 |
[1:04:10] | It would be for you, Frank. Don’t you see? | 我都是为了你 弗兰克 你难道看不见吗 |
[1:04:12] | So you can have time, just like we talked about. | 那样我们就有时间 就像我们之前说的 |
[1:04:14] | How can it be for me when the thought of it | 你的想法快使我吐了 |
[1:04:15] | Makes my stomach turn over, for God’s sake? | 怎么会是为我好呢 天啊 |
[1:04:18] | Then it’s for me. | 那就是我自私好了 |
[1:04:19] | Tell me we can have the baby in Paris, Frank. | 告诉我 我们能在巴黎要孩子 弗兰克 |
[1:04:21] | Tell me we can have a different life. | 告诉我 我们会有不同的生活 |
[1:04:23] | But don’t make me stay here. Please. | 就是别让我待在这儿 拜托了 |
[1:04:25] | -We can’t have the baby in Paris. -Why not? | -我们不能在巴黎要孩子 -为什么 |
[1:04:29] | I don’t need everything we have here. I don’t care where we live. | 我不需要我们拥有的一切 我不在乎住哪儿 |
[1:04:32] | I mean, who made these rules, anyway? | 是谁定下这些规矩的? |
[1:04:35] | Look, the only reason we moved out here was because I got pregnant. | 听着 我们搬来这儿的唯一原因是我怀孕了 |
[1:04:41] | Then we had another child | 然后我们又生了一个 |
[1:04:42] | To prove the first one wasn’t a mistake. | 来证明前面一个不是错误 |
[1:04:43] | I mean, how long does it go on? | 这一切究竟还要持续多久 |
[1:04:47] | Frank. Do you actually want another child? | 弗兰克 你真的想再要一个孩子吗 |
[1:04:52] | Well, do you? Come on, tell me. | 想吗 快点 告诉我 |
[1:04:57] | Tell me the truth, Frank. Remember that? | 告诉我 弗兰克 记得吗 |
[1:05:01] | We used to live by it. | 我们以前就是这样挽回面子的 |
[1:05:02] | And you know what’s so good about the truth? | 你知道这真相有多好吗 |
[1:05:05] | Everyone knows what it is, however long they’ve lived without it. | 其实每个人都知道 |
[1:05:09] | No one forgets the truth, Frank. They just get better at lying. | 没人忘记这真相 弗兰克 他们只是更擅长说谎 |
[1:05:15] | So tell me, do you really want another child? | 所以告诉我 你真的想再要一个孩子吗 |
[1:05:22] | All I know is what I feel. | 我只知道我的感觉 |
[1:05:26] | And anyone else in their right mind would feel the same way, April. | 任何头脑清醒的人都和我有相同的感受 爱宝 |
[1:05:31] | But I’ve had two children. Doesn’t that count in my favour? | 但我们已经有两个小孩了 这还不够让我说话吗 |
[1:05:35] | Christ, April! The fact that you even put it that way! | 天啊 爱宝 你竟然这样想 |
[1:05:38] | You make it seem as if having | 你弄得好像 |
[1:05:40] | Children is some sort of a goddamn punishment. | 有小孩就是一种惩罚 |
[1:05:42] | I love my children, Frank. | 我爱我的孩子 弗兰克 |
[1:05:46] | And you’re sure about that, huh? | 你确信? |
[1:05:49] | What the hell is that supposed to mean? | 你到底是什么意思 |
[1:05:51] | April, you just said our daughter was a mistake. | 爱宝 你刚说我们的女儿是个错误 |
[1:05:56] | How do I know you didn’t try to get rid of her, | 天知道你是否想过要打掉她 |
[1:05:58] | -Or michael for that matter? -No. | -或打掉迈克尔 -不 |
[1:05:59] | How do I know you didn’t try to flush our entire fucking family down the toilet | 天知道你是否想把我们整个家冲进马桶 |
[1:06:03] | no, that’s not true. Of course I didn’t. | 不 那不是真的 我当然没有 |
[1:06:05] | But how do I know, April? | 我怎么知道 爱宝 |
[1:06:07] | Stop. Please just stop, Frank. | 停 不要说了 弗兰克 |
[1:06:11] | April, a normal woman, a normal sane mother | 爱宝 一个普通的女人 一位正常的母亲 |
[1:06:15] | Doesn’t buy a piece of rubber tubing to give herself an abortion | 绝不会去买橡胶管来给自己堕胎 |
[1:06:19] | So she can live out some kind of a goddamn fantasy. | 那样她就能生活在自己的幻想中 |
[1:06:33] | Look, all I’m saying is you don’t seem entirely rational about this thing. | 听着 整件事你都极不理智 |
[1:06:40] | And I think it’s about time we found somebody | 我想是时候找个人 |
[1:06:42] | To help make some sense of your life. | 来给你理顺生活了 |
[1:06:45] | And the new job’s going to pay for that, too? | 用那份工作的薪水来支付这费用? |
[1:06:50] | April, if you need a shrink, | 爱宝 如果你需要心理医生 |
[1:06:56] | Obviously. | 很明显 |
[1:07:02] | Okay. I guess there isn’t much more to say then, is there? | 好了 我想我们没话说了 |
[1:07:16] | So I guess Paris was a pretty childish idea, huh? | 所以去巴黎是个很幼稚的想法 对吧 |
[1:07:25] | I guess maybe it was. | 也许吧 |
[1:07:40] | April, we can be happy here. | 爱宝 在这儿我们也能很开心 |
[1:07:45] | I can make you happy here. | 我能使你快乐 |
[1:07:48] | We’ve had a great couple of months. It doesn’t need to end. | 我们已经在这儿住那么久了 没必要离开 |
[1:07:54] | We’re going to be okay. I promise. | 我们会好起来的 我保证 |
[1:08:03] | I hope so, Frank. | 希望如此 弗兰克 |
[1:08:06] | I really hope so. | 我真的希望如此 |
[1:08:49] | Thank you for waiting. Mr Pollock will see you now. | 久等了 波洛克先生现在可以见你了 |
[1:08:54] | Thanks so much. | 非常感谢 |
[1:09:06] | Foiled by faulty contraception. | 被失败的避孕打击啊 |
[1:09:10] | I can’t say that I’m sorry. | 不得不说 我很遗憾 |
[1:09:12] | You’d have been sorely missed in the old cubicle, I can tell you that. | 你只是在那间旧房间迷失了 我可以告诉你 |
[1:09:16] | Wouldn’t have been the same without you. | 你不也一样吗 |
[1:09:19] | Besides… well… | 而且… |
[1:09:24] | What? | 什么 |
[1:09:27] | The plan always seemed a touch unrealistic, don’t you think? | 那计划似乎很不现实 不是吗 |
[1:09:37] | I suppose it’s none of my business, really. | 我想这不关我的事 |
[1:09:38] | No. No. I suppose it isn’t. | 当然 这不关你的事 |
[1:09:49] | They’ll be celebrating in the secretarial pool. | 他们将在秘书室里庆祝 |
[1:10:22] | Hey! Remember the first time you brought us here? | 记得你第一次带我们来这里吗 |
[1:10:25] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[1:10:26] | You said it takes a special kind of taste to enjoy vito’s log cabin. | 你说 维托小木屋的酒品味独特 |
[1:10:31] | It’s so awful, it’s kind of nice. | 它味道很糟糕 但又觉得好喝 |
[1:10:37] | Look at me. I’m just so happy. Our little gang’s back together again. | 看看 多开心 我们又聚在一起了 |
[1:10:47] | How do you like the boys in the band? Aren’t they swinging tonight? | 大家喜欢那些乐队和服务生吗? 他们今晚是不是很棒? |
[1:10:56] | -Hey, Europe’s not going anywhere. -That’s right. | -欧洲也不怎样 -没错 |
[1:11:22] | April, honey, how about a dance? | 爱宝 亲爱的 来跳支舞 |
[1:11:27] | Not right now. Maybe later. | 现在不想 迟会儿吧 |
[1:11:30] | -I’ll dance. -Okay. | -我跳 -好 |
[1:11:48] | Guess she’s still pretty blue about Paris, huh? | 我想她还为巴黎感到沮丧 对吧 |
[1:11:51] | Think she’ll be okay? | 你认为她会好起来吗 |
[1:11:53] | Sure. Give us girls a couple of days | 当然 给我们这些女孩几天时间 |
[1:11:55] | And we can get over anything. | 一切就会好起来的 |
[1:11:57] | Right. | 对 |
[1:12:00] | Frank. | 弗兰克 |
[1:12:11] | Are you okay? Are you okay? Milly? | 你还好吧 米莉 |
[1:12:14] | I’m so sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[1:12:17] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[1:12:23] | That’s just great. | 太好了 |
[1:12:25] | How the hell are we supposed to get out now? | 我们该怎样离开呢 |
[1:12:29] | Oh, boy. | 天啊 |
[1:12:32] | Don’t worry about it, Shep. We can wait. Really. | 别担心 谢普 我们可以等一会儿 |
[1:12:35] | What about the sitter? | 那保姆该怎么办 |
[1:12:36] | Listen, why don’t you drive Milly home, | 听着 要不你送米莉回家 |
[1:12:38] | Then go home yourself. | 然后你自己回去 |
[1:12:39] | That takes care of both sitters. | 这样就能顾及两边的保姆了 |
[1:12:41] | Then Shep can take me home later. | 然后谢普可以迟点送我回去 |
[1:12:42] | -Yeah, it’s fine by me. -Okay, then. | -这样不错 -那好吧 |
[1:12:46] | -You… You’ll be all right? -Sure. | -你…可以吗 -当然 |
[1:12:51] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:12:53] | -Good night. -Good night. | -晚安 -晚安 |
[1:12:56] | Feel better. | 希望你能好点 |
[1:13:17] | I’m sorry you’re not going away any more. | 很抱歉你去不了那儿了 |
[1:13:21] | I know it was important to you. | 我知道这对你很重要 |
[1:13:25] | Don’t take this wrong, but I’ve been there. | 请别误会 我去过那里 |
[1:13:30] | They don’t have so much we don’t have here. | 他们有的我们都有 |
[1:13:34] | It didn’t have to be Paris. | 不一定要去巴黎的 |
[1:13:37] | You just wanted out, huh? | 你只是想离开这里 是吗 |
[1:13:41] | I wanted in. | 我想融入这里 |
[1:13:46] | I just wanted us to live again. | 我只是想让我们再来一次 |
[1:13:56] | For years, I thought we shared this secret. | 多少年来 我以为只有我们知道这秘密 |
[1:14:02] | That we would be wonderful in the world. | 以为我们会活得很精彩 |
[1:14:08] | I didn’t exactly know how, but just… | 但我又不知道具体该怎样 只是… |
[1:14:12] | Just the possibility kept me hoping. | 只是那可能性让我充满希望 |
[1:14:22] | How pathetic is that? | 多可怜 |
[1:14:26] | So stupid. | 多愚蠢 |
[1:14:30] | To put all your hopes in a promise that was never made? | 把你所有的希望都寄托于不可能兑现的承诺里 |
[1:14:39] | See, Frank knows. He knows what he wants. | 弗兰克知道 他知道他要什么 |
[1:14:42] | He’s found his place. He’s just fine. | 他找到了落脚处 |
[1:14:46] | Married, two kids. | 结了婚 有两个小孩 |
[1:14:53] | It should be enough. | 已经足够了 |
[1:15:00] | It is for him. | 满足了 |
[1:15:06] | And he’s right. | 他是对的 |
[1:15:10] | We were never special or destined or anything at all. | 我们并不特别 什么都不是 |
[1:15:15] | Yes, you are. | 不 你们很特别 |
[1:15:18] | You’re… | 你… |
[1:15:21] | You’re the Wheelers. | 你们是惠勒一家 |
[1:15:23] | You’re a terrific couple. Everybody says so. | 你们是很般配的夫妻 所有人都这样说 |
[1:15:27] | I saw a whole other future. | 我看到另一个未来 |
[1:15:33] | I can’t stop seeing it. | 我无法放弃 |
[1:15:40] | Can’t leave, | 不能离开 |
[1:15:44] | Can’t stay. | 不能留下 |
[1:15:47] | No damn use to anyone. | 对别人毫无用处 |
[1:15:57] | Come on. | 别这样 |
[1:16:00] | Let’s do it. | 跳舞吧 |
[1:17:11] | Let me take you somewhere. | 我们去哪儿 |
[1:17:13] | No. Just do it here. Now. | 不 就在这儿 快 |
[1:18:03] | April. | 爱宝 |
[1:18:07] | This is what I’ve always wanted. | 这是我一直所向往的 |
[1:18:11] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[1:18:13] | Don’t say that. | 别说了 |
[1:18:16] | No. I mean it, I love you. | 不 我说真的 我爱你 |
[1:18:20] | Please, just be quiet for a minute. | 安静一会儿吧 |
[1:18:28] | Then you can take me home. | 然后载我回家 |
[1:19:21] | It’s beautiful out. | 外面天气不错 |
[1:19:24] | Yes, it is. | 是啊 |
[1:19:31] | You know what today is? | 知道今天是什么日子吗 |
[1:19:33] | -It’s 12 weeks. -That’s right. | -第12周了 -是啊 |
[1:19:39] | Look, this has been kind of a crazy summer. | 这个夏天过得有点不太现实 |
[1:19:43] | We’ve both been under a strain. | 我们俩都太紧张了 |
[1:19:45] | I mean, I understand why you’re upset. | 我是说 我理解你为什么烦躁 |
[1:19:49] | You know I’m not sleeping with you, and you want to know why. | 你想知道为什么我不和你睡一张床了 |
[1:19:54] | Well, I’m sorry, Frank, but I really don’t feel like talking about it. | 对不起 弗兰克 但我不想谈这件事 |
[1:19:59] | All right. Then what should we talk about, April? | 好吧 那我们谈什么 爱宝 |
[1:20:02] | Would it be all right if we didn’t talk about anything? | 就不能什么都不谈吗 |
[1:20:06] | I mean, can’t we just take each day as it comes, and do the best we can, | 我们能不能安安静静的过日子 |
[1:20:10] | And not feel like we have to talk about everything all the time? | 而不是老要谈那些破事 |
[1:20:13] | I don’t think I’m suggesting that we talk about everything all the time. | 我没要建议谈那些破事 |
[1:20:17] | Look, my point is we’ve both been under a strain | 我是说 我们之前都太紧张了 |
[1:20:21] | And we ought to be helping each other out as much as we can right now. | 我们应该互相帮对方一把 别再越陷越深了 |
[1:20:25] | I mean, god knows my own behaviour has been pretty weird lately. | 天知道为什么我最近表现那么不正常 |
[1:20:32] | As a matter of fact, there is something I’d like to tell you about. | 实际上 我有件事要告诉你 |
[1:20:38] | I’ve been with a girl a few times, in the city. | 我在城里的时候 和一个女人有过几次… |
[1:20:43] | A girl I hardly even know. | 我和她都不太熟 |
[1:20:46] | It was nothing to me, | 她对我来说什么都不是 |
[1:20:49] | But it’s over now, really over. | 现在结束了 彻底结束了 |
[1:20:54] | And if I weren’t sure of that, | 我要是没结束 |
[1:20:55] | I guess I could never have told you about it. | 就永远没法告诉你 |
[1:21:03] | Why did you? | 为什么 |
[1:21:05] | Baby, I don’t know. | 宝贝 我不知道 |
[1:21:07] | I think it’s a simple case of wanting to be a man again | 自从堕胎那件事之后 |
[1:21:10] | After all that abortion business. | 我只是想找些新鲜的感觉 |
[1:21:12] | Some kind of neurotic, irrational need to prove something. | 我有点不理智 总想去证明些什么 |
[1:21:16] | No. I don’t mean why did you have the girl. | 不是 我不是问你为什么告诉我外面有女人 |
[1:21:19] | I mean, why did you tell me about it? | 我是问你为什么告诉我 |
[1:21:24] | -What do you mean? -I mean, what’s the point? | -你什么意思 -你告诉我这些干什么 |
[1:21:29] | Is it supposed to make me jealous or something? | 是想让我吃醋吗 |
[1:21:33] | Is it supposed to make me fall in love with you, | 还是想让我爱上你 |
[1:21:35] | Or back into bed with you, or what? | 还是想让我和你上睡 还是怎么的 |
[1:21:38] | I mean, what would you like me to say, Frank? | 你想让我说什么 弗兰克 |
[1:21:43] | Why don’t you say what you feel, April? | 说说你的感受 爱宝 |
[1:21:47] | I don’t feel anything. | 我没感觉 |
[1:21:49] | In other words, you don’t care what I do or who I fuck or anything? | 也就是说 你不在乎我做了什么 我干了谁是吗 |
[1:21:57] | No, I guess that’s right. I don’t. | 对 我想是的 我不在乎 |
[1:22:03] | Fuck who you like. | 爱干谁干谁吧 |
[1:22:05] | April, don’t you understand that I want you to care? | 爱宝 你不明白我想让你在乎吗 |
[1:22:08] | I know. I know you do. | 我知道 我知道你想 |
[1:22:12] | And I suppose I would if I loved you. | 我如果还爱你的话我就会在乎了 |
[1:22:14] | But I don’t think I do any more. And I only just figured that out. | 不过我不爱你了 我刚刚才发现 |
[1:22:17] | And that’s why I’d just as soon not do any talking right now. | 所以我宁愿现在什么都不谈 |
[1:22:21] | Don’t give me that shit, April. Don’t give me that. | 少跟我说这些狗屁 少这么跟我说话 |
[1:22:23] | -You know goddamn well you love me. -You think so? | -你很清楚你爱我 -你这么觉得吗 |
[1:22:26] | You know goddamn well! | 你知道的 |
[1:22:30] | Anyone home? | 有人在家吗 |
[1:22:36] | I’m sorry dinner’s late. Would anyone like another drink? | 不好意思 晚餐有些迟了 再喝点什么吗 |
[1:22:39] | Don’t worry. It’s nice to just sit a bit and socialise. | 别费心了 坐下聊聊天挺好的 |
[1:22:43] | You shouldn’t have gone to all this trouble. | 不用麻烦了 |
[1:22:45] | With all your packing and whatnot. | 你还要收拾东西呢 |
[1:22:46] | I imagine you have a lot on your plate. No pun intended. | 我猜你肯定有的忙了 没别的意思 |
[1:22:52] | Actually, there’s been a change of plans. | 事实上 有点小变动 |
[1:22:55] | I thought maybe it was obvious. | 很显然啊 |
[1:22:57] | April here is pregnant. | 爱宝怀孕了 |
[1:22:59] | -Congratulations. -oh, April! | -恭喜啊 -爱宝 |
[1:23:02] | I can’t tell you how pleased I am! | 我真替你高兴 |
[1:23:05] | But I expect you’ll be needing a bigger house now, won’t you? | 我猜你们得需要个大点儿的房子了 是吧 |
[1:23:08] | Hold it a second, Ma. Hold on a second, Ma. | 等等 老妈 等等 |
[1:23:11] | I don’t get this. I mean, what’s so obvious about it? | 我没明白 为什么很显然 |
[1:23:15] | I mean, okay, she’s pregnant, so what? Don’t people have babies in Europe? | 我是说 她怀孕了又怎样 欧洲人不生孩子吗 |
[1:23:20] | -John… -Suppose we just say | -约翰… -这么说吧 |
[1:23:21] | That people anywhere aren’t very well advised to have babies | 哪个地方的人都是这样 除非能养得起 |
[1:23:24] | Unless they can afford them. | 否则他们不会考虑要孩子的 |
[1:23:27] | Okay. Okay, it’s a question of money. Money’s a good reason. | 好吧 好吧 是钱的问题 钱是个好借口 |
[1:23:32] | But it’s hardly ever the real reason. | 但是一般都不是真正的原因 |
[1:23:36] | What’s the real reason? Wife talk you out of it or what? | 真正的原因是什么 老婆不想去了吗 |
[1:23:42] | Little woman decide she isn’t quite ready to quit playing house? | 小女人觉得她还没准备好离开”过家家”的生活 |
[1:23:47] | No, no, that’s not it. I can tell. | 不是这个原因 我能看出来 |
[1:23:50] | She looks too tough and adequate as hell. | 她看起来够强硬 |
[1:23:55] | Okay, then. It must’ve been you. What happened? | 那就是你了 你怎么了 |
[1:23:59] | -John, please. You’re being very rude. -No, no. What happened, Frank? | -约翰 别这样 你太无礼了 -不 不 怎么了 弗兰克 |
[1:24:10] | You get cold feet? | 临阵畏缩了吗 |
[1:24:11] | You decide you’re better off here after all? | 你还是觉得在这儿好 是吗 |
[1:24:15] | You figure it’s more comfy | 你发现留在这个 |
[1:24:19] | Here in the old hopeless emptiness after all, huh? | 腐朽无望的空虚里更舒服是吗 |
[1:24:25] | Oh, wow, that did it. Look at his face. | 就是这么回事 看他这张脸 |
[1:24:29] | What’s the matter, Wheeler? Am I getting warm? | 怎么了啊 惠勒 我愈加激昂了吗 |
[1:24:31] | -All right, son. I think we’d better be… -You know something? | -行了 小子 我觉得我们应该… -你知道吗 |
[1:24:35] | I wouldn’t be surprised if he knocked her up on purpose | 如果他故意让她中招 我不会感到惊讶的 |
[1:24:38] | Just so he could spend the rest of | 这样他后半生就可以 |
[1:24:39] | His life hiding behind a maternity dress. | 藏在她的孕妇装后面了 |
[1:24:41] | That way he’d never have to find out what he’s really made of. | 这样他就永远不用去寻找真正的自己了 |
[1:24:45] | Now look, I think that’s just about enough out of you. | 你给我听着 我对你已经仁至义尽了 |
[1:24:49] | I mean, who the hell do you think you are? | 你他妈以为你是谁 |
[1:24:51] | You come in here and say | 你来到我家 还说了那么多 |
[1:24:53] | Whatever crazy goddamn thing comes into your head, | 你脑中那些疯话 |
[1:24:56] | And I think it’s about time somebody | 我觉得是时候该有人站出来 |
[1:24:57] | Told you to keep your goddamn mouth shut. | 告诉你应该闭嘴了 |
[1:24:59] | -He’s not well, Frank. -Not well, my ass! | -他有病 弗兰克 -有病个屁 |
[1:25:03] | I don’t give a damn if he’s sick or well or dead or alive, | 我才不在乎他是否有病 是死是活 |
[1:25:06] | He should keep his fucking opinions | 他应该闭上他那张烂嘴 |
[1:25:08] | In the fucking insane asylum where they belong! | 回到那个他应该待的疯人院去 |
[1:25:15] | -Let’s go, son. -Come on, John. | -走吧 孩子 -走吧 约翰 |
[1:25:21] | Big man you got there, April. | 你男人可真是个大人物 爱宝 |
[1:25:25] | Big family man. | 厉害的居家男人 |
[1:25:31] | I feel sorry for you. | 我为你感到遗憾 |
[1:25:35] | Still, maybe you deserve each other. | 还有 你们俩挺配的 |
[1:25:39] | I mean, the way you look right now, I’m beginning to feel sorry for him, | 看你现在这样子 我也开始为他 |
[1:25:43] | Too. | 感到遗憾了 |
[1:25:45] | You must give him a pretty bad time | 你肯定也没让他有好日子过 |
[1:25:47] | If making babies is the only way he can prove he’s got a pair of balls. | 要不为什么让孩子来证明他有种 |
[1:25:52] | -You fucking… -No! He’s not well, Frank! | -你他妈的… -他是个病人 弗兰克 |
[1:26:08] | All right, John. Let’s get on out to the car now. | 好了 约翰 快走吧 |
[1:26:17] | April, I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. | 爱宝 太抱歉了 对不起 |
[1:26:20] | Oh, right. Sorry. Sorry! Sorry! | 是啊 对不起 对不起 |
[1:26:25] | Ma, have I said “I’m sorry” enough times? | 老妈 我说的对不起还不够多吗 |
[1:26:28] | Damn! I am sorry, too. | 妈的 我是对不起 |
[1:26:30] | I bet I’m just about the sorriest bastard I know. | 我打赌我才是那个最该被抱歉的杂种 |
[1:26:34] | But get right down to it, | 但是话说回来 |
[1:26:35] | I don’t have a whole hell of a lot to be glad about. | 我也没有什么事可开心的 |
[1:26:38] | Do I? | 是吧 |
[1:26:42] | But, hey, you know what? | 但是你知道吗 |
[1:26:45] | I am glad about one thing. | 我很为一件事开心 |
[1:26:48] | You want to know what I’m glad about? | 你知道是什么吗 |
[1:26:52] | I’m glad I’m not gonna be that kid. | 我很开心我不是那个孩子 |
[1:27:12] | Okay, okay, don’t tell me. | 好 好 别告诉我 |
[1:27:17] | Don’t tell me, let me guess. | 别告诉我 我猜猜 |
[1:27:19] | I made a disgusting spectacle of myself, right? | 我做了一件让人很反感的事 对吧 |
[1:27:25] | Right. | 对 |
[1:27:26] | And everything that man said is true, right? | 那疯子说的一切都是对的 是吧 |
[1:27:27] | Is that what you’re going to say? | 那就是你想说的话吗 |
[1:27:29] | Apparently I don’t have to. | 很明显我不用说了 |
[1:27:31] | -You’re saying it for me. -Well, you’re wrong, April. | -你都替我说了 -你错了 爱宝 |
[1:27:35] | -Really? Why am I wrong? -Because the man is insane. | -是吗 为什么我错了 -因为他是疯子 |
[1:27:38] | He’s fucking insane! Do you know what the definition of insanity is? | 他疯了 你明白精神错乱是什么意思吗 |
[1:27:42] | No. Do you? | 不 你明白吗 |
[1:27:43] | Yes, it’s the inability to relate to another human being. | 我明白 就是没有能力对另一个人负责 |
[1:27:47] | It’s the inability to love. | 没有能力去爱 |
[1:27:54] | April. April. | 爱宝 爱宝 |
[1:27:57] | April! April! | 爱宝 爱宝 |
[1:28:00] | The inability… the inability to love. | 没有能力…没有能力去爱了 |
[1:28:06] | Frank. You really are a wonderful talker. | 弗兰克 你可真是个大话家 |
[1:28:09] | If black could be made into white by talking, | 如果单凭说话就可以颠倒是非 |
[1:28:12] | You’d be the man for the job. | 你就是最适合这个工作的人 |
[1:28:14] | So now I’m crazy because I don’t love you. Right? | 现在我疯了 是因为我不爱你了 对吧 |
[1:28:17] | -Is that the point? -No. Wrong. | -你是这个意思吧 -不是 |
[1:28:19] | You’re not crazy and you do love me. That’s the point, April. | 你疯了 但你还爱我 这是我的意思 爱宝 |
[1:28:24] | But I don’t. I hate you. | 我不爱你 我恨你 |
[1:28:27] | You were just some boy who made me laugh at a party once | 你只不过是个在派对上曾逗我笑过的男人 |
[1:28:30] | And now I loathe the sight of you. | 而现在我一见你就恶心 |
[1:28:33] | In fact, if you come any closer, if you touch me or anything, | 还有 如果你敢靠近我 如果你敢碰我一下 |
[1:28:37] | I think I’ll scream. | 我会大叫的 |
[1:28:40] | Come on. Stop this, April. | 别这样 爱宝 |
[1:28:48] | Fuck you, April! | 去你妈的 爱宝 |
[1:28:50] | Fuck you and all your hateful, snotty little… | 去你妈的 还有你所有的憎恨 下贱的… |
[1:28:53] | What’re you going to do now? Are you going to hit me? | 你想干什么 想打我吗 |
[1:28:56] | -To show me how much you love me? -Don’t worry, I can’t be bothered! | -向我证明你有多爱我? -别担心 我都懒得打你 |
[1:28:59] | You’re not worth the trouble it would take to hit you. | 你根本都不值得我去打 |
[1:29:02] | You’re not worth the powder it would take to blow you up. | 你都不值得费那些炸弹炸掉你的那些炮灰 |
[1:29:05] | You’re an empty, empty, hollow shell of a woman! | 你这个空虚 没有心肠的女人 |
[1:29:10] | What the hell are you doing in my house if you hate me so much? | 你如果这么恨我 留在我家干什么 |
[1:29:15] | Why the hell are you married to me? | 为什么还和我结婚 |
[1:29:17] | What the hell are you doing carrying my child? | 为什么还怀我的孩子 |
[1:29:20] | I mean, why didn’t you just get rid of it when you had the chance? | 为什么你有机会的时候不离开我 |
[1:29:23] | Because listen to me. Listen to me, I got news for you. | 因为听我说 听我说 我有话要告诉你 |
[1:29:26] | I wish to god that you had. | 我真希望你离开了我 |
[1:30:02] | April! | 爱宝 |
[1:30:37] | -April! -Stay away from me. | -爱宝 -离我远点 |
[1:30:40] | -April, | -爱宝 |
[1:30:40] | listen. -Stay away from me. | 听着 -离我远点 |
[1:30:42] | Can’t I even get away from you in the fucking woods? | 难道我在这破林子里都甩不开你吗 |
[1:30:44] | April, listen, I didn’t mean that. | 爱宝 听着 我不是有心的 |
[1:30:46] | -Honestly, I didn’t mean what I said. -Are you still talking? | -真的 我真不是那么想的 -你能不能闭嘴 |
[1:30:48] | Isn’t there any way to stop your talking? | 怎样才能让你闭嘴? |
[1:30:52] | I need to think. Can’t you see that? I need to think. | 我想静一静 你看不出来吗 我要安静 |
[1:30:58] | Please come back to the house. What’re you doing out here, April? | 回家吧 你在这干吗 爱宝 |
[1:31:00] | Do you want me to scream again, Frank? | 你还想让我再叫吗 弗兰克 |
[1:31:01] | Because I will! I mean it! | 我会的 我真的会的 |
[1:31:12] | Okay. Okay. | 好吧 好 |
[1:34:48] | Good morning. | 早 |
[1:34:50] | Good morning. | 早 |
[1:34:55] | Would you like scrambled eggs or fried? | 鸡蛋要炒的还是煎的 |
[1:35:02] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[1:35:05] | It doesn’t really matter. Scrambled, I guess, if it’s easy. | 什么都行 炒的吧 能简单点吧 |
[1:35:10] | Fine. I’ll have scrambled, too. | 好吧 那我也要炒的 |
[1:36:11] | It’s kind of nice having breakfast without the kids for a change, huh? | 早餐要是没有孩子们吵还挺好的 是吧 |
[1:36:16] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[1:36:18] | I thought you’d probably want a good breakfast today. | 我想你今天会想要好好吃顿早餐 |
[1:36:21] | I mean, it’s kind of an important day for you, isn’t it? | 今天很重要 是吧 |
[1:36:25] | Isn’t this the day you have your conference with Pollock? | 你是要今天和波洛克见面吗 |
[1:36:31] | Yes. Yes, that’s right. | 对啊 对 |
[1:36:35] | -Big deal. -I imagine it is a pretty big deal. | -要事啊 -我想也应该很重要 |
[1:36:40] | For them, anyway. | 对他们来说很重要 |
[1:36:43] | What exactly do you think you’ll be doing in your new job? | 新的工作要做什么 |
[1:36:47] | You haven’t really told me much about it. | 你还没怎么跟我说过呢 |
[1:36:50] | Haven’t I? | 没有吗 |
[1:36:54] | Well, I think this whole thing is about Knox getting ready | 其实就是诺克斯准备要 |
[1:36:56] | To buy up one of those really big computers, | 买一台大型的计算机 |
[1:37:00] | Even bigger than the 500. | 比500还大的 |
[1:37:03] | -Didn’t I tell you about that? -No. | -我没跟你说过吗 -没有 |
[1:37:07] | Why don’t you tell me now? | 现在说说 |
[1:37:15] | You know, basically it’s just a big, fast adding machine. | 基本上 是个很大 很快的算数计算机 |
[1:37:22] | Only, instead of mechanical parts, you see, | 但是你看不到机械部分 |
[1:37:26] | You’ve got thousands of individual vacuum tubes. | 你能看到上千个独立电子管 |
[1:37:42] | I see. | 这样啊 |
[1:37:51] | At least I think I see. | 至少我觉得我明白了 |
[1:37:57] | Yes, it’s really kind of interesting, isn’t it? | 是挺有意思的 |
[1:38:03] | Well, I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[1:38:07] | Yeah, I guess it is kind of interesting, in a way. | 某些方面来说 是挺有意思的 |
[1:38:15] | You should value what you do, Frank. | 要珍惜你做的工作 弗兰克 |
[1:38:19] | You’re obviously good at it. | 显然你很擅长这个 |
[1:38:36] | Well, I guess I’d better be getting started, huh? | 我该走了 |
[1:38:46] | Listen, though, April, the… | 我想说 爱宝… |
[1:38:51] | This was really nice. | 这样多好 |
[1:38:54] | I mean, it was a swell breakfast. Really, I… | 早餐很好 我… |
[1:38:58] | I don’t know when I’ve ever had a nicer breakfast. | 我不知道是否有过比这更好的早餐 |
[1:39:04] | Thank you. I enjoyed it, too. | 谢谢 我也很开心 |
[1:39:29] | Then you don’t… you don’t hate me or anything? | 你不再恨我了吗 |
[1:39:36] | No. No, of course I don’t. | 不 当然不恨了 |
[1:39:51] | Have a good day. | 过得愉快 |
[1:39:59] | Okay, then. So long. | 好吧 再见 |
[1:41:45] | Hello. Milly? Everything all right? | 喂? 米莉 还好吗 |
[1:41:52] | Well, no, I’m afraid I’m not feeling any better. | 没有 我还是不太舒服 |
[1:41:55] | That’s really why I called. | 所以我打个电话 |
[1:41:58] | If it’s not an inconvenience for you, this evening would be great. | 如果方便的话 今晚最好了 |
[1:42:03] | What? | 什么 |
[1:42:07] | Oh, no. No. Not if they’re outdoors playing. | 不 不 他们要是在外面玩的话就不用了 |
[1:42:16] | Don’t call them in. | 别把他们叫进来 |
[1:42:18] | Just give them each a kiss for me, | 替我亲他们一下 |
[1:42:24] | And tell them I… | 告诉他们… |
[1:42:28] | Tell them… | 告诉他们… |
[1:42:31] | You know. All right. All right. Thank you, Milly. Bye. | 你知道的 好的 谢谢 米莉 再见 |
[1:46:08] | I think I need help. | 我需要帮助 |
[1:46:13] | 115 Revolutionary Road. | 革命路115号 |
[1:46:43] | -Frank. They tell you what happened? -Jesus christ. | -弗兰克 怎么回事 -上帝啊 |
[1:46:46] | Shep, I didn’t understand half the things he told me. | 谢普 他说的我都没怎么听懂 |
[1:46:49] | He said the foetus was out before they got her here. | 他说她到医院之前孩子已经没了 |
[1:46:52] | And they had to operate to take out the, what do you call it, | 他们得做手术拿出那个 那个什么 |
[1:46:56] | The placenta? | 胎盘吗 |
[1:46:57] | And now she’s still bleeding. | 她现在大出血 |
[1:46:59] | He said that she’d lost a lot of blood before the ambulance came, | 他说救护车到之前她就流了很多血 |
[1:47:02] | And now they’re trying to stop it. | 他们正在努力止血 |
[1:47:04] | He said a whole lot of things I didn’t understand about capillaries… | 他说了一堆我根本听不懂 什么毛细血管… |
[1:47:10] | He said that she’s unconscious. Jesus. | 他说她还在昏迷中 天啊 |
[1:47:14] | Okay, Frank, why don’t you just take a seat? | 弗兰克 坐下来吧 |
[1:47:16] | What the hell do I want to sit down for, for god’s sake? | 我坐下有什么用 上帝啊 |
[1:47:18] | Okay, Frank. Just take it easy. Take it easy. | 好了 弗兰克 放轻松点 冷静点 |
[1:47:25] | -Frank, have a cigarette. -She did it to herself, Shep. | -弗兰克 我这儿有烟 -她故意的 谢普 |
[1:47:30] | She did it to herself. | 她故意的 |
[1:47:40] | I’m gonna get you some coffee. | 我给你拿点咖啡 |
[1:48:53] | They were such wonderful people. Weren’t they, Shep? | 他们是那么好的人 对吧 谢普 |
[1:48:57] | It’s just devastating. Poor April. | 真的很让人震惊 可怜的爱宝 |
[1:49:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:49:05] | Frank lives in the city now. Where is it that he works? | 弗兰克现在住在城里 他在哪儿工作来着 |
[1:49:09] | -Bart Pollock Associates. -Computers? | -巴特·波洛克联合公司 -计算机的? |
[1:49:13] | Interesting firm. | 有趣的公司 |
[1:49:15] | -Have you seen him since? -No. Not back here. | -之后再见过他吗 -没有 没再回来过 |
[1:49:19] | There are too many memories, I think. Shep has seen him in the city. | 我想可能是这里有太多回忆了 谢普在城里见过他 |
[1:49:23] | Haven’t you, sweetie? | 是吗 亲爱的 |
[1:49:25] | Frank is just devoted to those kids. | 弗兰克把所有精力都投入到孩子身上 |
[1:49:29] | Every spare moment he has, he spends with them. | 只要一有时间 就陪他们玩 |
[1:49:48] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[1:50:00] | You all right? | 怎么了 |
[1:50:07] | I don’t want to talk about the Wheelers any more. | 我不想再谈惠勒家的事了 |
[1:50:12] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:50:15] | We don’t have to. | 我们不说了 |
[1:50:18] | We don’t have to. | 不说了 |
[1:51:03] | Daddy, Daddy, watch. Watch, Daddy. | 爸爸 爸爸 看啊 爸爸 |
[1:51:12] | I can’t tell you how pleased I am | 你不知道我有多喜欢 |
[1:51:13] | About the little revolutionary road place, Howard. | 革命路的那所小房子 霍华德 |
[1:51:17] | And now whenever I drive past, it gives me such a lift | 无论我什么时候经过 都有一种 |
[1:51:20] | To see it all perked up and spanking clean again. | 想再看看那种清新的气氛 那种洁净的感觉 |
[1:51:24] | All the lights in all the windows. | 每户窗里都亮着灯 |
[1:51:28] | And do you know? | 你知道吗 |
[1:51:29] | I was just thinking, I’ve loved that little house for years. | 我在想 我喜欢那座房子这么多年 |
[1:51:32] | And the Braces are the only really suitable people I’ve ever found for it. | 布雷斯家是我找的唯一真正适合的人家 |
[1:51:37] | Really nice, congenial people, I mean. | 非常好 非常随和的人家 |
[1:51:40] | Well, except for the Wheelers, you mean. | 你是说除了惠勒家之外吗 |
[1:51:45] | I was very fond of the Wheelers. | 我曾经非常喜欢惠勒一家 |
[1:51:48] | They were a bit whimsical for my taste. A bit neurotic. | 我只是感觉他们有点古怪 有点神经质 |
[1:51:53] | I never stressed it, but they were often | 我从没说过这个 但是他们总是 |
[1:51:54] | Very trying people to deal with, in many ways. | 在有些方面上很难相处 |
[1:51:59] | And actually, the main reason that the little house was so hard to sell | 实际上 那所小房子之所以这么难卖 |
[1:52:03] | Was because they let it depreciate so dreadfully. | 就是因为他们太不好好爱护这房子了 |
[1:52:07] | Warped window frames, wet cellar, crayon marks all over the walls, | 变形的窗框 潮湿的地窖 满墙的蜡笔画 |