英文名称:Official Secrets
年代:2019
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:55] | “Katharine Teresa Gun, | 凯瑟琳·特蕾莎·冈恩 |
[00:59] | “you are charged with an offence contrary to Section 1, | 你被控违反1989年颁布的 |
[00:59] | 2004年2月25日 伦敦 | |
[01:02] | Subsection 1 “of the Official Secrets Act of 1989, | 《官方机密法》的第一条第一款 |
[01:08] | “and that you did knowingly and intentionally | 你知情并有意 |
[01:11] | “disclose top secret intelligence information | 泄露国家机密情报信息 |
[01:14] | “contrary to the said act. | 违背了上述法律规定 |
[01:18] | “How do you plead? | 你如何辩护 |
[01:21] | “Guilty or not guilty? | 有罪还是无罪 |
[01:32] | 一年前 英国 切尔滕纳姆 | |
[01:40] | – What? – The neighbors will hear. | -怎么了 -邻居会听到的 |
[01:43] | Let’s move over. | 我们往这边移一点 |
[01:51] | – Better? – Better. | -好点没 -好点了 |
[02:00] | And what about the situation of persuading the people? | 目前民意方面的情形怎么样呢 |
[02:04] | Because it’s very, to put it mildly uncomfortable | 因为要是顶着73%的反对率去打仗 |
[02:06] | to go to war with 73% against. | 肯定是会有点不舒服的 |
[02:08] | If people are being asked today do you support a war, | 要是人们现在问我 你支持打仗吗 |
[02:11] | my answer to that is we’re not at war today. | 我的回答是 我们现在还不是战争状态 |
[02:14] | I think especially, obviously, if the UN pass | 我觉得很明显 要是联合国 |
[02:16] | the second resolution, as I believe they will | 通过二次决议 我相信肯定会的 |
[02:18] | if the inspectors carry on saying he’s not cooperating, | 要是核查人员继续声明他拒不合作的话 |
[02:20] | I think public opinion is in a different place. | 我觉得民众的立场会有所改变的 |
[02:22] | When your correspondent was saying | 你们这些记者总说 |
[02:25] | the war is inevitable, war is not inevitable. | 战争不可避免 战争是可以避免的 |
[02:28] | It depends on Saddam. | 这一切都取决于萨达姆 |
[02:29] | If he cooperates with the inspectors, | 要是他能配合核查人员 |
[02:32] | if he says how much material he’s got, | 要是他承认藏有多少杀伤性武器 |
[02:34] | if he cooperates fully with them, | 要是他能完全配合核查人员 |
[02:36] | then the issue’s over. | 那么问题就解决了 |
[02:37] | But he’s not doing that at the moment. | 但他现在根本没有这么做 |
[02:39] | Bloody liar. | 大骗子 |
[02:41] | They’re all bloody liars. | 他们都是些大骗子 |
[02:42] | You know, actually, I don’t think they are. | 其实 我不觉得他们都是 |
[02:44] | I don’t think the weapons inspectors are lying. | 我不觉得武器核查人员也在撒谎 |
[02:46] | This and international terrorism are the two big security threats. | 这和国际恐怖主义同是两大安全威胁 |
[02:49] | – Want coffee? – No, thanks. | -咖啡要吗 -不了谢谢 |
[02:52] | We were told, we were given to understand | 据悉 据我们掌握的消息 |
[02:55] | that what these inspectors were gonna come up with was | 核查人员发现有证据表明 |
[02:57] | evidence of weapons of mass destruction, | 存在大规模的杀伤性武器 |
[03:01] | chemical, biological and nuclear. | 例如化学武器 生物武器以及核武器 |
[03:02] | What we know is that he has this material. | 目前我们掌握的消息是他有这类武器 |
[03:05] | Oh, my God, we don’t know that. We don’t know that. | 天呐 我们还没掌握呢 还没掌握呢 |
[03:07] | I mean, he just keeps repeating the lie. | 他在那不断重复这个谎言 |
[03:10] | You sure it’s a lie? Saddam’s a psychopath. | 你确定是谎言吗 萨达姆可是个狂热分子 |
[03:12] | Yeah, well, just because you’re the Prime Minister, | 当然 不能因为你是首相 |
[03:13] | it doesn’t mean you get to make up your own facts. | 就可以自己随意编造事实了 |
[03:15] | Do you think you have the goods on him now? | 你觉得目前有确凿的证据吗 |
[03:17] | I’ve got no doubt at all that he’s developing these weapons | 我敢肯定他正在研制这些武器 |
[03:20] | and that he poses a threat. | 并且已经构成了威胁 |
[03:27] | 政府通讯总部 (英国信息情报机构) | |
[03:34] | – Be at the cafe by 4:00. – I can fetch you at 5:00. | -4点前到咖啡馆 -我可以5点来接你 |
[03:36] | No, no, no. I was gonna get the bus. I love you. | 不不 我打算坐公交车的 爱你 |
[03:38] | Love you. | 爱你 |
[03:51] | Yes. | 是的 |
[03:52] | You know he has a place in Devon. | 你知道他在德文郡有个房子 |
[03:54] | He wants to take me surfing with his dog. | 他想带着我还有他的狗去冲浪 |
[03:57] | – Is that a bad thing? – No, it’s a great dog. | -这有什么不好的吗 -不 那狗很棒 |
[03:59] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:00] | When was the last time you got away? | 你上次休假是什么时候 |
[04:01] | Oh, don’t know, three or four weeks ago. | 记不清了 三四周之前吧 |
[04:03] | We went hiking in Yorkshire. | 我们去约克郡徒步旅行 |
[04:04] | Oh. Shall we all go hiking together? | 我们一起去徒步旅行怎么样 |
[04:06] | Yeah, that would be lovely. With the dog? | 好啊 那太好了 带着狗吗 |
[04:23] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[04:25] | I’m starving. | 饿死我了 |
[04:28] | I’ve been here since 5:00, | 我5点就过来了 |
[04:30] | listening to a Russian embassy staffer | 监听一名俄国大使馆的工作人员 |
[04:32] | trying to bribe a North Korean defector | 在贿赂一名朝鲜的叛逃者 |
[04:34] | who’s been downloading some kinky shit. | 这个叛徒还一直在下载小黄片 |
[04:36] | – Very arousing few hours. – You’re disgusting. | -真让人性奋 -你真恶心 |
[04:39] | It’s for the Queen and country. | 都是为了女王和国家 |
[04:41] | MI6 thought the Korean was one of ours. | 军情六处认为那个朝鲜人是我们这边的 |
[04:43] | I just proved he’s not. | 我刚证明了他不是 |
[04:44] | Gchq, 1. Mi6, 0. | 政府通讯总部和军情六处 1比0 |
[04:47] | Katharine. | 凯瑟琳 |
[04:49] | I need your Beijing report for the Foreign Office. | 我需要你把北京的报告送给外交部 |
[04:50] | They start trade talks next week. | 他们下周要开始贸易谈判 |
[04:53] | Yeah, on it. | 好的 马上 |
[05:40] | “As you’ve likely heard by now | 你可能已经听说了 |
[05:43] | “the Agency is mounting a surge | 国安局急需 |
[05:45] | “particularly directed at the UN Security Council members | 联合国安理会成员国信息 |
[05:48] | “minus US and Great Britain, of course | 当然美国和英国的除外 |
[05:51] | “for insights as to how membership is reacting | 旨在了解各成员国对即将进行的 |
[05:54] | “to the ongoing debate RE Iraq. | 有关伊拉克问题表决的态度 |
[05:56] | “That means a QRC surge effort to revive/create efforts | 启动紧急应对措施 获取或制造 |
[06:01] | “against UN Security Council members, | 对以下成员国不利的信息 |
[06:04] | “Angola, Cameroon, | 安哥拉 喀麦隆 |
[06:07] | “Chile, Bulgaria and Guinea.” | 智利 保加利亚 几内亚 |
[06:21] | Andy. | 安迪 |
[06:23] | Did you get this NSA e-mail? | 你收到国安局的邮件了吗 |
[06:26] | Are the Yanks really asking us to dig up | 美国佬真的要我们去挖 |
[06:28] | personal shit on UN Security Council delegates? | 联合国安理会代表的个人信息吗 |
[06:31] | “They want the whole gamut of info that could give US policy | 美国人想要所有有利于美国政府 |
[06:34] | makers an edge in obtaining results favorable to US goals.” | 达到他们想要的目标的信息 |
[06:38] | Christ, they wanna fix the vote. | 天呐 他们想操纵投票 |
[06:41] | “This effort will probably peak in the middle of next week | 这项行动将会在下周三 |
[06:43] | “following the Secretary of State’s presentation | 国务卿在联合国安理会发表演讲之后 |
[06:46] | “to the UN Security Council.” | 达到顶峰 |
[06:50] | Powell’s gonna argue for war. | 鲍威尔想要发动战争 |
[06:52] | And they’re gonna blackmail the smaller nations | 他们还想恐吓那些小国家 |
[06:54] | to make sure they get it. Fuck. | 来达到他们的目的 操 |
[06:57] | Excuse me. Question. | 不好意思 我有个问题 |
[06:59] | Yeah. | 来了 |
[07:05] | Uh, this NSA memo, our people approved it? | 这份国安局简报 我们的人确认过吗 |
[07:08] | Yes, that’s why it’s been forwarded. | 当然 要不怎么会转发 |
[07:10] | The Americans want us to help | 美国人想让我们帮他们 |
[07:12] | them get a UN resolution for war? | 拿到联合国的战争许可 |
[07:13] | By next week? | 下周之前 |
[07:15] | It’s a joint UK/USA operation. | 这是英美联合行动 |
[07:18] | UKUSA. Right. Got it. | 英美联合 好的 明白了 |
[07:28] | Hey, ours not to reason why. | 我们的职责不是问为什么 |
[07:32] | Everything good today, Mrs. Archer? | 阿切尔夫人 今天一切安好吗 |
[07:33] | Yes, thank you. Very good. Very, very good. | 非常好 谢谢 非常好 |
[07:35] | I’ll see you again tomorrow, yes? | 那明天再见 |
[07:37] | Yes. | 好的 |
[07:39] | Thank you, dear. | 谢谢 亲爱的 |
[07:46] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[07:49] | Yeah, it’s been a long day. | 当然 真是漫长的一天 |
[07:51] | I need ten minutes. Want something to eat? | 再有10分钟 想吃点什么吗 |
[07:55] | No. | 不了 |
[07:57] | You working this weekend? | 这周末要工作吗 |
[07:58] | Could we go somewhere, get out of town? | 要不我们出去转转 到城外转转 |
[08:00] | Sorry, janum, I’ll get next weekend for sure. | 抱歉 亲爱的 下周末我一定去 |
[08:03] | A question for the President if I may. | 可以的话 我想问总统一个问题 |
[08:06] | What is the status, in your view, of any second resolution? | 在您看来 第二决议重要吗 |
[08:10] | Is it something that you think is worth | 您认为花费时间和精力 |
[08:12] | spending time and energy trying to assemble? | 讨论这项决议值得吗 |
[08:16] | Just let me reiterate what I just said. | 我再重申一遍我刚说的话 |
[08:17] | This is a matter of weeks, not months. | 只需要几周时间 而不是几个月 |
[08:21] | Any attempt to drag the process on for months | 任何企图将会期拖延几个月的行为 |
[08:24] | will be resisted by the United States. | 都会受到美国政府的抵制 |
[08:26] | – Can we watch something else? – No, no, this is important. | -我们能看点别的吗 -不行 这很重要 |
[08:28] | secretary Powell will make a strong case | 国务卿鲍威尔将会说明 |
[08:32] | about the danger of an armed Saddam Hussein | 萨达姆·侯赛因武装政权的危险之处 |
[08:35] | and he will also talk about Al-Qaeda links. | 还有他和基地组织的联系 |
[08:38] | Come on, there are no credible links | 拜托 根本没有证据表明 |
[08:40] | between Saddam and Al-Qaeda. | 萨达姆和基地组织有联系 |
[08:41] | …really do portend a danger… | 这预示着危险 |
[08:43] | – I’ll turn it off. – No, no, no, no, no. | -我要关了它 -别别别别别 |
[08:45] | Please, I need to watch this. | 拜托 我必须得看这个 |
[08:46] | I need to know what they’re saying. | 我得知道他们说了什么 |
[08:47] | I mean, yes. Yes, Saddam is a dictator, | 没错 萨达姆的确是个独裁者 |
[08:49] | but he is not a religious nut. | 但他不是个宗教狂热分子 |
[08:51] | I mean, why would he risk arming Al-Qaeda | 他为什么要冒险为基地组织提供武装 |
[08:53] | and have them turn against him? It doesn’t make any sense! | 好让他们反过头去对抗他 完全没道理啊 |
[08:56] | Fine, but yelling at the TV isn’t going to make any difference. | 好吧 但是冲着电视吼叫并不能改变什么 |
[08:59] | They can’t bloody hear you. | 他们又听不见 |
[09:02] | – Where you going? – To read a book. | -你要干嘛去 -看会书 |
[09:04] | you see, my vision shifted dramatically after September 11. | 我的看法在911后发生了戏剧性的转变 |
[09:08] | I realized the world has changed. | 我意识到世界已经变了 |
[09:09] | My most important obligation is to protect | 我的首要责任是保护美国人民 |
[09:11] | the American people from further harm. | 不会受到进一步的伤害 |
[09:14] | And I will do that. | 我说到做到 |
[09:16] | Thank you all very much. | 非常感谢你们 |
[09:27] | – Love you. – Love you. | -爱你 -爱你 |
[09:29] | Don’t forget to check in at the station. | 别忘了去警察局登记 |
[09:32] | What are you gonna do? | 你打算做什么 |
[09:34] | I don’t know. Read a book. | 不知道 看看书吧 |
[09:37] | I’ll be back by 7:00 latest. | 我最晚7点回来 |
[09:54] | – Mr. Gun. Signing in? – Yes, thank you. | -冈恩先生 登记吗 -是的 多谢 |
[10:02] | When will you know if you can stay? | 你什么时候能知道自己能不能留下 |
[10:04] | They don’t say. | 他们没说 |
[10:05] | Could be weeks. Could be months. | 可能几周 也可能几个月 |
[10:07] | You never know with immigration, do you? | 永远搞不懂那些移民局的 不是吗 |
[10:09] | – I know. – Thank you. | -我懂得 -谢谢你 |
[10:11] | Hi, Jasmine, it’s Kath. | 嗨 贾斯敏 我是凯丝 |
[10:14] | Uh, are you around today? | 你今天有空吗 |
[10:16] | I’d love to come and see you. | 我想过去看看你 |
[10:23] | – Kath. – hi. | -凯丝 -嗨 |
[10:25] | Oh, come here. | 快过来 |
[10:29] | hello. | 你好 |
[10:30] | Targeting who? | 针对谁 |
[10:32] | The UN Security Council. | 联合国安理会 |
[10:34] | Particularly the non-permanent members | 特别是那些可能会改票支持战争的 |
[10:36] | who could swing the vote in favor of war. | 非常任理事国 |
[10:38] | Jesus. | 天呐 |
[10:41] | Maybe it’s time to quit. | 也许你是时候辞职了 |
[10:43] | You know, they say if you stay at GCHQ | 他们都说 要是在政府通讯总部 |
[10:45] | for more than five years, you never leave. | 待到5年以上 你就走不了了 |
[10:48] | I’ve still got two to go then. | 那我还有两年的时间 |
[10:50] | So you’ve still got a conscience. | 这么说你还是有良知的啊 |
[10:54] | Are you still organizing against the war? | 你还在组织反战活动吗 |
[10:59] | Does GCHQ have a problem with that? | 政府通讯总部对此有意见吗 |
[11:02] | – What? No. – Give me your phone. | -什么 不是 -把你手机给我 |
[11:08] | I’ve already taken the battery out. | 我早把电池卸了 |
[11:10] | – I called you from a payphone. – Sorry. | -我用公用电话给你打的 -抱歉 |
[11:17] | Go on. | 继续说 |
[11:22] | I just thought… | 我想 |
[11:26] | …if I could get you a copy of the memo, | 要是我给你那个简报的副本 |
[11:29] | then maybe you could get somebody to look it over. | 或许你能找个人看一看 |
[11:32] | I don’t know, a journalist, | 我不知道 例如一个记者 |
[11:33] | someone in the anti-war movement. | 反战组织中的某个人 |
[11:35] | Look, if the press think it’s nothing, fine. | 要是媒体觉得没什么大不了的 那就算了 |
[11:37] | At least my conscience is clear. | 至少我问心无愧了 |
[11:40] | Your conscience? | 你问心无愧 |
[11:42] | Kat, you’re asking me to collude in a breach | 凯特 你这是在串通我 |
[11:45] | of the Official Secrets Act. Some call that treason. | 违反《官方机密法》 这可算是叛国了 |
[11:50] | I am not trying to overthrow my government. | 我不是要推翻我的国家政府 |
[11:53] | I just think if someone in the press saw it, | 我只是觉得要是媒体能看到这个 |
[11:57] | they might ask more questions about what the Americans | 他们可能就会多问美方一些问题 |
[11:59] | are asking this country to do. | 搞清楚他们究竟想要我们国家做什么 |
[12:23] | hey, kat, they’re sending me and Dan to London | 凯特 我和丹要被派去伦敦了 |
[12:26] | to learn Farsi. | 去学波斯语 |
[12:27] | Wow, Farsi. Congrats. | 哇哦 波斯语 恭喜 |
[12:30] | – How many languages now? – Eight. | -你现在会多少种语言了 -八种 |
[12:32] | She’s a freakin’ super spy. | 她是个超级间谍 |
[12:33] | Andy, where’s my Pyongyang report? | 安迪 我的平壤报告呢 |
[12:35] | – Ah, one more hour. – Yeah, just get it done. | -一个小时就好 -好 快点搞定 |
[12:38] | – When do you leave? – Two weeks. | -你什么时候走 -两周后 |
[12:40] | You’ll have to come visit me. | 你可得常来看看我 |
[14:30] | Is that the Foreign Office report? | 那是外交部的那份报告吗 |
[14:32] | – Uh, it’s a rough draft. – Well, finish it. | -这份是草稿 -那赶紧写完 |
[14:34] | Defense section needs extra hands. | 国防部部那边需要人手 |
[14:36] | I said I’d send you over there this afternoon. | 我说我今天下午会派你过去 |
[14:38] | Okay, will do. | 好的 可以 |
[14:54] | What we’re giving you our facts and conclusions | 我们提供的事实和结论 |
[14:56] | based on solid intelligence. | 都来源于可靠的情报 |
[14:59] | The issue before us is not how much time | 我们面临的问题不是 |
[15:03] | we are willing to give the inspectors, | 我们能给审查员们多少时间 |
[15:06] | but how much longer are we willing to put up | 而是作为整个理事会 乃至联合国 |
[15:10] | with Iraq’s non-compliance before we as a council, | 我们已无法继续容忍伊拉克的单方面不配合 |
[15:15] | we as United Nations say enough. Enough. | 我们认为这样的立场不能再存在了 |
[15:20] | We have first-hand descriptions | 据目击情报显示 |
[15:23] | of biological weapons factories on wheels and on rails. | 他们的生化武器工厂建在汽车和火车上 |
[15:27] | The trucks and train cars are easily moved | 那些卡车和火车车厢都很便于移动 |
[15:30] | and are designed to evade detection by inspectors. | 专门用来躲避审查人员 |
[15:34] | Although Iraq’s mobile production program | 尽管伊拉克的移动生产计划 |
[15:36] | began in mid-1990s, | 在1990年代中期就开始了 |
[15:38] | UN inspectors at the time only had vague hints of such programs. | 而联合国审查员当时只有一些模糊的线索 |
[15:44] | Confirmation came later in the year 2000. | 直到2000年才发现确凿证据 |
[15:47] | The source was an eyewitness. | 信息来源线人是一名目击者 |
[15:50] | An Iraqi chemical engineer | 他是一名伊拉克化学工程师 |
[15:51] | who supervised one of these facilities. | 是其中一所移动工厂的主管 |
[15:57] | I’m gonna watch some football. Do you mind? | 我要看足球了 介意我换台吗 |
[16:00] | No. Go for it. | 不介意 换吧 |
[16:53] | 两周后 2003年 2月15日 | |
[16:54] | From the north, the south, the east and the west, | 从南到北 从东到西 |
[16:58] | from the left, the right | 从左翼派到右翼派 |
[17:00] | from the radical to the uncommitted | 从激进派到中立派 |
[17:02] | they came. | 他们聚集在这 |
[17:05] | Well, we can argue forever about the validity of opinion polls, | 我们大可喋喋不休地争论民调的有效性 |
[17:08] | but what surely matters today | 但现在而言 关键在于 |
[17:10] | is that this proposed war by Britain | 英国提议的这场战争 |
[17:13] | is historically unpopular | 受到了前所未有的排斥 |
[17:15] | and the mother of all focus groups has descended. | 重要的焦点小组的支持率也在下降 |
[17:18] | Hey, Martin. We’re now doing some real reporting. | 马丁 我们正在做真格的报道 |
[17:20] | It’s huge. Police are saying over 500,000. | 那边声势浩大 警方说有超过五十万人 |
[17:23] | Organizers are saying over two million. | 组织者说超过两百万 |
[17:25] | So it will be a million then? | 那就应该是一百万人 |
[17:27] | Well, it’s everywhere. Every country. | 哪都是 每个国家都有 |
[17:28] | Biggest demonstration in human history. | 人类历史上规模最大的游行示威 |
[17:31] | Roger, I filed this story seven times. | 罗杰 这个故事我毙了七次 |
[17:33] | And seven times I have told you I’m not going to print it. | 我也告诉了你七次 我不会发的 |
[17:36] | Ed, this paper supports the war. | 艾德 这家报社是主战的 |
[17:38] | Our sources support the war, Kamal. | 我们的线人们支持战争 卡莫尔 |
[17:40] | All I’m asking is that mine be given equal time. | 我只是要求给我均等的时间 |
[17:42] | – Fair enough. – Thank you. | -那好吧 -谢谢 |
[17:43] | Well, what do they say, Ed? | 你的线人们怎么说 艾德 |
[17:44] | That intelligence is being manipulated | 自从93年萨达姆企图刺杀老布什后 |
[17:46] | to support an invasion that Bush Junior’s been pushing for | 他们就一直在操纵情报 |
[17:49] | ever since Saddam tried to kill his daddy in ’93. | 以支持小布什强势主张的入侵战争 |
[17:51] | Oh, come on, your source is retired. | 得了吧 你的线人已经退休了 |
[17:53] | My source is ex-CIA! | 我的线人是前CIA特工 |
[17:55] | He talks to agents every day | 他每天都在接触探员 |
[17:56] | and he’s talking to me on the record! | 而且他跟我录谈话记录 |
[17:58] | Named source! Christ! | 实名线人 老天爷 |
[18:01] | If you’re gonna encourage a country to go to war, | 如果你想支持一个国家参战 |
[18:03] | perhaps you should spend some time on the front lines yourself! | 你到不如自己跑前线做点事去 |
[18:05] | – That is a cheap shot, Ed. – Is it? | -你这话就不着调了 艾德 -是吗 |
[18:08] | We’re the press, for God’s sake, | 我们是媒体 看在老天的份上 |
[18:09] | not a fucking PR agency for Tony Blair. | 不是托尼·布莱尔的公关公司 |
[18:11] | – That’s enough! – All right! | -别太过分 -好了 |
[18:15] | You, go back to the States. | 你 回美国去 |
[18:16] | I want you to find me something from a source | 你最好从还没退休的线人那 |
[18:18] | who hasn’t already retired | 挖出点东西 |
[18:19] | and then maybe I’ll rethink it. | 那我也许能重新考虑下 |
[18:21] | You’re doing a great job of it. We just need some more. | 你做的很好了 我们只是需要更多信息 |
[18:23] | Yes, Peter. Fuck you very much. | 知道了 皮特 谢你妈的全家 |
[18:25] | And fewer words! | 还有 写报道别啰嗦 |
[18:27] | If I ask for 500, don’t send me 3,000! | 我让你写五百字 你就别发给我三千 |
[18:30] | This paper needs to take its finger out of its arse | 你们就该远离那些腌臜事情 |
[18:32] | and stop taking Tony Blair’s press releases | 别再把托尼·布莱尔的新闻稿 |
[18:35] | at face fucking value! | 他妈当回事了 |
[18:37] | – Hear, hear. – Abso-fucking-lutely. | -就是就是 -完全你妈的当然了 |
[18:39] | – Christ! – You’re too bloody right. | -老天 -你可真他妈太对了 |
[18:44] | Brighty, where’s my piece | 布莱迪 我那篇关于 |
[18:46] | comparing Saddam to Milosevic? | 萨达姆对比米洛舍维奇的报道呢 |
[18:48] | I need 400 words. | 篇幅要四百字 |
[18:48] | Yeah. It’s not really a 400-word topic, Rog. | 那不是400字的话题类型 罗杰 |
[18:51] | Yeah, it is. | 我说是就是 |
[18:52] | We have a right to intervene in the Balkans. | 我们有权干预巴尔干半岛事件 |
[18:54] | We should do the same in Iraq. | 伊拉克也一样 |
[18:55] | Iraq’s a little more complicated. | 伊拉克要复杂一点 |
[18:56] | – You’ve got Suni and Shia… – Oh, fuck Sonny and Cher! | -有逊尼派和什叶派 -去他的桑尼和雪儿 |
[18:59] | What is this? “I got you babe?” | 什么玩意 “我在你身边 宝贝” |
[19:01] | Just give me 400 words the average reader will understand. | 你就写个四百字 一般读者都懂 |
[19:04] | Milosevic bad. Saddam bad. | 米洛舍维奇烂人一个 萨达姆也不是好鸟 |
[19:06] | Just write a fucking story. Stop overthinking it. | 写就完事了 别想太多 |
[19:09] | All right. | 行吧 |
[19:15] | That was helpful. | 挺有帮助的 |
[19:16] | Just write the piece as you see it, Martin, | 该怎么写就怎么写吧 马丁 |
[19:18] | and we’ll cut it down later if we need to, all right? | 如果有需要我们会自己修改的 好吗 |
[19:21] | Okay. Thank you, Peter. | 好的 谢谢你 皮特 |
[19:27] | Sonny and Cher. | 桑尼和雪儿 |
[19:31] | Martin Bright. | 马丁·布莱特 |
[19:32] | I’ve got something you need to see. | 我有东西给你看 |
[19:34] | It’s big, Martin, really big. | 很重要 马丁 真的 |
[19:39] | Yvonne? | 伊冯 |
[19:46] | Yvonne? | 伊冯 |
[19:52] | 伊冯·雷德利 记者 反战主义者 | |
[19:53] | Martin. So good to see you. | 马丁 很高兴见到你 |
[19:56] | In an underground car park? | 在地下停车场吗 |
[19:58] | It’s a little Deep Throat, don’t you think? | 有点深喉的感觉 是不是 |
[20:01] | – There’s no signal down here. – Right. | -这下面没信号 -也对 |
[20:05] | Wait till you see this. | 等你看完这个 |
[20:21] | – Who gave you this? – Can’t say. | -谁给你的 -无可奉告 |
[20:23] | There’s no info saying who sent it. | 没信息看出来是谁写的 |
[20:25] | This could have been written by anyone. | 可能是任何一个人 |
[20:28] | – That’s who wrote it. – Well. | -他写的 -好的 |
[20:32] | Frank Koza. | 弗兰克·科扎 |
[20:33] | – Who the fuck is Frank Koza? – NSA. | -弗兰克·科扎是谁 -国安局的人 |
[20:36] | And this I know because the letters NSA | 这我知道 因为国安局三个大字 |
[20:38] | have been written on the back with a leaky ballpoint. | 就用了一根漏墨圆珠笔写在后面呢 |
[20:41] | My source says the header wasn’t printed | 我的线人说 信头没有打出来 |
[20:43] | to protect the recipients at GCHQ. | 是为了保护在政府通讯总部的收信人 |
[20:48] | When did you get it? | 你什么时候拿到的 |
[20:49] | – Two weeks ago. – Two weeks? | -两周前 -两周 |
[20:51] | I gave it to The Mirror first. Sorry. | 我先给了《镜报》 抱歉 |
[20:53] | Jesus. Why didn’t they run it? | 上帝啊 他们为什么不用 |
[20:55] | – They thought it was fake. – No shit. | -他们觉得是假的 -可不是呢 |
[20:58] | – Is your source NSA? – No. | -你的线人是国安局的吗 -不是 |
[20:59] | A friend of the recipient. | 是收信人的朋友 |
[21:01] | – A good friend. – A friend of a friend? | -很可靠的朋友 -朋友的朋友吗 |
[21:03] | A good friend of a trusted friend. | 一个值得信赖的朋友的好朋友 |
[21:06] | I’m sure it’s real. | 我确定是真的 |
[21:07] | Then why don’t you write the story? | 那你怎么不自己写 |
[21:09] | Oh, come on, Martin. | 得了吧 马丁 |
[21:10] | I’m anti-war. You’re with The Observer. | 我是反战者 你代表着《观察家报》 |
[21:14] | Just check it out. | 看看吧 |
[21:31] | NSA Press Office. How may I assist you? | 国安局新闻办 有什么可以为您效劳吗 |
[21:33] | Yes, hi, hello there. | 可以 你好 |
[21:34] | This is Martin Bright from The Observer in London. | 我是伦敦《观察家报》的马丁·布莱特 |
[21:37] | Um, I’d like to arrange an interview with Mr. Frank Koza. | 我想跟弗兰克·科扎先生约个会谈 |
[21:41] | May I speak to his office, please? | 我能和他通话吗 |
[21:43] | I’m sorry, Mr. Bright? | 抱歉 布莱特先生 对吗 |
[21:45] | Martin Bright, yes. | 马丁·布莱特 没错 |
[21:46] | Yes. Who did you wanna get? | 对 您想找谁 |
[21:48] | Frank Koza, “Chief of Staff, Regional Targets.” | 弗兰克·科扎 “地区办公室主任” |
[21:51] | Mr. Bright, I’m afraid we can’t confirm | 布莱特先生 恐怕我们无法确认 |
[21:53] | the names of people who work here. | 在这里员工们的名字 |
[21:55] | Could you give me a little more detail | 你能告诉我更多 |
[21:57] | about the story you’re working on? | 关于你正在报道的这个故事的细节吗 |
[21:59] | Uh, well, no. That’s something I need to talk to Mr. Koza | 不太行 我觉得我必须 |
[22:02] | about directly, I’m afraid. | 直接跟科扎先生谈 |
[22:05] | Well, then I’m afraid I’m not sure I can help you. | 那恐怕我没什么能帮你的 |
[22:08] | When you have a little more detail | 如果你有更多信息 |
[22:09] | please feel free to call back. | 请随时回电 |
[22:12] | Yeah, well… | 好吧 |
[22:15] | Hello? | 还在吗 |
[22:16] | – You rang the NSA Press Office? – Yeah. | -你给国安局新闻办打电话了 -对 |
[22:19] | They have a press office. | 他们有一个新闻办公室 |
[22:20] | I thought that was a good place to start. | 我觉得从那开始查挺好的 |
[22:21] | But you didn’t tell them anything? | 但你什么都没说 |
[22:23] | No, Peter. I just asked for Frank Koza. | 没有 皮特 我只想找到弗兰克·科扎 |
[22:25] | Because if this is real, you could go to jail | 但如果这件事是真的 光凭你拿着那封信 |
[22:27] | just for having it in your possession. | 你就会被判刑 |
[22:29] | I’m not letting this go. It’s too good a story. | 我不会放过它的 这个故事太棒了 |
[22:31] | I agree, but if you get it wrong | 我同意 但如果你错了 |
[22:33] | it will sink you, it will sink the paper. | 你会被牵连 连报社也会被牵连 |
[22:35] | I’d like to get a credible intelligence expert | 我想找个可靠的情报学专家 |
[22:37] | to offer a view on the language. | 帮忙看看这封信的用语 |
[22:39] | – Yeah. – And I thought you could run it by | -是吗 -我觉得你可以通过 |
[22:41] | your MI6 contact? | 你在军情六处的联系人打听一下 |
[22:43] | I don’t have a MI6 contact. | 我没有在军情六处的联系人 |
[22:45] | Sorry. I meant your tennis club friend. | 我的错 我说你那位网球俱乐部的朋友 |
[22:49] | Sure. | 行 |
[22:49] | I’ll take it to Admiral Wilkinson. | 我带给威尔肯森少将看看 |
[22:51] | Be careful. | 小心点 |
[22:52] | Before we risk a D-notice against publication | 在我们承担公布国防机密通知的风险之前 |
[22:55] | I’d actually like confirmation that Frank Koza exists. | 我倒想先确认弗兰克·科扎确有其人 |
[22:59] | Do you think it’s authentic? | 你觉得这是真的吗 |
[23:00] | Well, certainly the words he used, | 当然 你看他的用词 |
[23:01] | 保罗·比弗 国际安全顾问 | |
[23:02] | “TOPI,” for example, | 举个例子 “TOPI” |
[23:04] | few outside of the security apparatus | 政府安全机关以外 |
[23:05] | would know what that means. | 很少有人知道什么意思 |
[23:07] | What does it mean? | 什么意思 |
[23:08] | Target of primary interest. | 首要目标 |
[23:10] | And this term, “QRC surge effort,” | 还有这个词 “紧急应对措施” |
[23:13] | that’s NSA military speak | 那是国安局的军用说法 |
[23:15] | for significant intensification of surveillance operations. | 意思是大力加强监控 |
[23:19] | And this, where they ask for “valuable information | 还有这个 他们问道 “访问产品线 |
[23:22] | from accesses in your product lines…” | 获得的有效信息” |
[23:26] | …product lines are intelligence sources. | 产品线指的是情报来源 |
[23:29] | So it’s been written by someone | 所以 写这个的人 |
[23:30] | who’s familiar with security speak | 一定很熟悉那些安全秘语 |
[23:32] | but that doesn’t mean it’s definitely NSA. | 但也不一定就是国安局的人 |
[23:34] | True, but there are no obvious amateur mistakes. | 没错 但这里面看不出来业余错误 |
[23:36] | – Have you heard of Frank Koza? – No. | -你听说过弗兰克·科扎吗 -没 |
[23:41] | Paul, if we, if we wanted to confirm that he exists… | 保罗 如果 如果我们想确认他存在 |
[23:45] | Oh, sorry. I couldn’t help you do that. | 对不起 我帮不了你 |
[23:47] | Yeah, but if we wanted to confirm that he… | 但如果我们只是想确认他的身份 |
[23:49] | Well, my own sources wouldn’t ever trust me again. | 那我的线人们就永远不会信任我了 |
[23:52] | Understood. | 了解 |
[23:55] | Understood. | 了解 |
[23:59] | – What? – Ed, Martin Bright. | -什么事 -艾德 是我马丁·布莱特 |
[24:01] | Martin, Christ, I just got back to DC. | 马丁 老天 我刚回华盛顿 |
[24:04] | Sorry, Peter and I have something urgent | 抱歉 我和皮特有点急事 |
[24:05] | that we’d like to run by you. | 想要找你帮忙 |
[24:06] | Are you on speaker? | 你开免提了吗 |
[24:08] | We are now. Hey… | 现在开了 |
[24:10] | Peter, you need to tell Roger | 皮特 你要告诉罗杰 |
[24:12] | to publish what I’m filing. | 把我编辑的东西发布出去 |
[24:13] | This paper can’t be seen to be supporting a war | 这家报社不能发布支持战争的言论 |
[24:16] | that we should be doing everything in our power | 我们应该尽全力曝光它 |
[24:18] | to expose as a con. | 我们是保守派 |
[24:19] | A neocon. A giant fucking con! | 新保守派 顽固的保守派 |
[24:21] | Ed, that’s why we’re phoning. | 艾德 所以我们才给你打这通电话 |
[24:23] | We need your help. | 我们需要你的帮助 |
[24:23] | We have something that might corroborate | 我们有能佐证这些的证据 |
[24:26] | these things, you could say. | 可以这么说吧 |
[24:38] | Hey. Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[24:41] | – Do you wanna get lunch? – What? | -你想一起吃午饭吗 -什么 |
[24:42] | Lunch. Eat. Now. Yes. | 午饭 吃饭 现在 好的 |
[24:44] | Oh, no, I’m fine, thanks. | 不 不用了 谢谢 |
[24:47] | – Are you all right? – Yeah. Yeah. I’m good. | -你还好吗 -是的 是的 我挺好 |
[24:49] | It, um… | 这是 |
[24:51] | This new BBC poll, | 这是BBC最新的民意调查 |
[24:52] | it says that less than one in ten people think | 只有不到10%的人支持 |
[24:54] | it’s right to attack Iraq without a UN resolution. | 不经过联合国决议就攻打伊拉克 |
[24:57] | Which is why that memo was sent. They need to twist arms. | 所以才发了那个简报 他们得施压 |
[24:59] | I don’t think it will make any difference. | 我觉得不会起什么作用的 |
[25:01] | Most of the world is against them. | 世界上大部分人都反对他们 |
[25:03] | You wanna eat, eat. | 你想吃就去吃吧 |
[25:08] | National Security Agency. How may I direct your call? | 国安局 需要转接电话吗 |
[25:11] | Hello, I’m returning Frank Koza’s call. | 你好 我在回弗兰克·科扎的电话 |
[25:13] | My secretary said it was urgent. | 我的秘书说很要紧 |
[25:15] | I’m sorry. Who are you trying to reach? | 抱歉 你想打给谁 |
[25:17] | Frank Koza. Mr. Frank Koza. | 弗兰克·科扎 弗兰克·科扎先生 |
[25:20] | Sir, I’m sorry, there’s no one | 先生 不好意思 通讯录中 |
[25:21] | by that name in the directory, sir. | 没有叫这个名字的人 |
[25:23] | Oh, well, then that’s odd. He called me. | 好吧 真奇怪 他给我打了电话 |
[25:27] | I’m sorry, but I’ll need an extension number. | 我很抱歉 但我需要一个分机号 |
[25:31] | Do you have an extension number? | 你有分机号吗 |
[25:34] | Nah. | 没有 |
[25:36] | Is there anything else I can do for you? | 我还能帮你什么忙吗 |
[25:38] | No. No. | 不 不 |
[25:40] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[25:41] | You have a nice day, sir. | 祝你一天愉快 先生 |
[25:43] | You too. | 你也是 |
[25:46] | Fuck off. | 滚吧 |
[25:47] | So I read the weapons inspector’s report. | 我读了武器检察员的报告 |
[25:51] | Oh, congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[25:53] | That’s more than most MP’s ever done. | 已经比大部分议员做得多了 |
[25:55] | – Well, shit, that’s depressing. – Mmm-hmm. It is. | -糟糕 太让人郁闷了 -是这样的 |
[25:58] | Look, there are a few pre-98 chemical weapons | 的确有一些98年前化学武器 |
[26:00] | we have yet to be accounted for but inspectors said | 我们还没有考虑过 但检察员说 |
[26:02] | they found absolutely no evidence | 他们没有找到任何 |
[26:04] | of an active chemical or biological program. | 有效的生化武器存在的证据 |
[26:06] | Correct. | 没错 |
[26:07] | And yet Colin Powell presented | 但科林·鲍威尔提供了 |
[26:08] | clear evidence of mobile labs. | 移动实验室的确凿证据 |
[26:10] | His evidence may be based on poor human intel | 他的证据来源可能是 |
[26:13] | from an Iraqi dissident. | 伊拉克异见人士的错误情报 |
[26:15] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[26:16] | The dissident isn’t our product | 异见人士不是我们的情报来源 |
[26:17] | and should not be seen as our product. | 也不能被用作我们的情报 |
[26:20] | Whose product is he then? | 那这是谁的情报呢 |
[26:24] | Look, Peter, I didn’t say this, | 听着 皮特 这些话当我没说过 |
[26:27] | but there is concern in certain quarters | 但有些部门担心 |
[26:29] | that intelligence may be being manipulated | 为了让这个国家参战 |
[26:33] | to take this country to war. | 有人在操纵情报 |
[26:35] | So why don’t you tell your journalists | 那你应该告诉你的记者们 |
[26:36] | to stop being so bloody loyal to Downing Street | 别再做唐宁街[指英国政府]走狗 |
[26:39] | and start doing their job? | 做点他们该做的事 |
[26:42] | Okay. | 好的 |
[26:47] | Okay, what if I had evidence that the NSA | 好的 那如果我有证据表明国安局 |
[26:50] | requested GCHQ to help monitor | 要求政府通讯总部帮助监控 |
[26:52] | private communications of the UN Security Council delegates? | 联合国安理会代表们的私人通讯呢 |
[26:56] | – To what end? – Bluntly? | -为了什么 -直白地说 |
[26:57] | To blackmail them into voting for war. | 为了要挟他们投支持票开战 |
[27:00] | I’m not with GCHQ. | 我不是政府通讯总部的人 |
[27:01] | You’re MI6, you’re on the same team. | 你是军情六处的 你们是一起的 |
[27:03] | How did you hear about this? | 你是怎么听说的 |
[27:04] | A UN resolution for war | 只要联合国通过开战决议 |
[27:06] | would cover everyone’s arse, wouldn’t it? | 所有人的问题都解决了 不是吗 |
[27:08] | No more asking your team to | 不用再让你的团队伪造 |
[27:10] | sex up evidence of WMDs | 大规模杀伤性武器存在的证据 |
[27:11] | or the back-dodgy claims that Britain was about to be attacked | 也不用推脱说英国在45分钟内 |
[27:14] | by Iraq within 45 minutes. | 就会被伊拉克袭击 |
[27:16] | And no chance of anyone being charged | 要是事情败露 |
[27:18] | with a war crime if it all goes tits up. | 也不会有人背上战争罪 |
[27:22] | What are you asking me, Peter? | 你想问我什么 皮特 |
[27:23] | I’m asking if you can confirm | 我想问你是否能证实 |
[27:26] | whether the NSA instructed GCHQ | 国安局指示政府通讯总部 |
[27:30] | to assist in spying on Security Council delegates? | 帮助监控安理会代表 |
[27:34] | You know I can’t answer that. | 你知道我无法回答 |
[27:37] | To do so would put me in breach of the Official Secrets Act. | 回答了我就违反了《官方机密法》 |
[27:39] | To deny it would not. | 但否认是不会违法的 |
[27:44] | Well, I can neither confirm nor deny. | 我既不证实也不否认 |
[27:52] | Okay. | 好的 |
[27:54] | Let’s play. | 我们打球吧 |
[27:56] | – Change ends, idiot. – Yes. | -该换场地了 笨蛋 -没错 |
[28:01] | Your serve. | 你来发球 |
[28:02] | So the head of the CIA tells Bush it’s a slam dunk | CIA的主管告诉布什 说萨达姆 |
[28:05] | that Saddam has weapons of mass destruction. | 持有大规模杀伤性武器是板上钉钉的事 |
[28:08] | – A slam dunk. – Yes. | -板上钉钉 -没错 |
[28:10] | – And that’s not true? – No. | -但这不是事实 -是的 |
[28:12] | Meaning Saddam definitely does not have weapons | 你的意思是萨达姆肯定没有 |
[28:15] | of mass destruction or he may not. | 大规模杀伤性武器 还是他可能没有 |
[28:17] | Meaning the intelligence is sketchy at best | 意思是这条情报 往好了说是不可靠 |
[28:21] | and manufactured at worst. | 往坏了说 是伪造的 |
[28:22] | And Tenet knows that? | 那特尼特知道吗 |
[28:25] | I’ve no doubt he knows that. | 我肯定他知道 |
[28:27] | I was with the agency 24 years. | 我在中情局24年了 |
[28:29] | I can tell you, folks over there are really angry about this. | 我告诉你 局里的人对此很气愤 |
[28:33] | Why? | 为什么 |
[28:35] | Why? | 为什么 |
[28:36] | Because the majority of the analysts do not believe | 因为大部分分析员都不相信 |
[28:38] | it’s a slam dunk, but no one wants to hear that. | 这是板上钉钉的事 但没人想听实话 |
[28:42] | Not even the press. | 连媒体都不想 |
[28:44] | Sorry, Mel. I’m sorry. | 抱歉 梅尔 我很抱歉 |
[28:47] | I’m just mad as hell. | 我只是气死了 |
[28:50] | Listen, I wanted to talk to you today | 听着 我今天来和你谈话 |
[28:51] | because I think I might finally be onto something that… | 是因为我觉得我可能终于找到 |
[28:55] | …that really support what you’ve been saying for months. | 能支持你观点的证据了 |
[28:59] | I need to talk to a man called Frank Koza. | 我得和一个叫弗兰克·科扎的人聊聊 |
[29:05] | He’s NSA. | 他是国安局的人 |
[29:07] | Head of Regional Targets. | 地区目标部门主管 |
[29:11] | You know him? | 你认识他吗 |
[29:15] | I’m sorry, Ed. | 抱歉 艾德 |
[29:17] | I can’t give out that kind of information. | 我不能告诉你这种信息 |
[29:41] | – What are you doing here? – I’m sorry. | -你来这儿干什么 -抱歉 |
[29:43] | – I didn’t wanna call. – How long have you been here? | -我不想打电话 -你来多久了 |
[29:44] | We’re not supposed to be meeting. | 我们不应该碰头 |
[29:46] | I know, I’ve just… | 我知道 我就是 |
[29:48] | I’ve been following the news and I haven’t seen | 我在看新闻 过去三周里 |
[29:51] | or heard anything for three weeks. | 我都没有看到任何相关新闻 |
[29:52] | Okay, well, I’ve given it to my contact | 好吧 我已经把它给我认识的人了 |
[29:54] | and apparently, she’s having a very hard time | 很明显 她很难说服报社 |
[29:55] | getting the papers to believe that it’s not a fake. | 这不是伪造文件 |
[30:02] | Well, maybe that’s okay. | 其实也没关系 |
[30:05] | You know, I… | 我 |
[30:07] | Look, I mean, all of the polls said | 我是说 现在所有的民意调查都显示 |
[30:08] | everyone’s against the war, anyway | 没有人支持开战 |
[30:09] | and I, and I’ve just been thinking… | 我就是在想 |
[30:11] | Look, I think that I acted too rashly | 我觉得我可能太草率了 |
[30:15] | on impulse. I didn’t think… | 是我一时冲动 我没想 |
[30:16] | Jesus, Katharine, is it a fake? | 天呐 凯瑟琳 是伪造的吗 |
[30:18] | Of course it’s not a fake. It’s real. | 当然不是假的 是真的 |
[30:19] | Well, then just go home! | 那就回家吧 |
[30:21] | Okay, don’t talk about this to anyone, ever! | 千万别和任何人说起这事 |
[30:24] | Just… | 就 |
[30:27] | – Sorry. – It’s out of our hands now. | -抱歉 -已经不受我们控制了 |
[30:32] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[30:35] | The truth is, the whole document could be a fake. | 是事实 整个文件可能都是伪造的 |
[30:38] | But we’re satisfied the language used is real. | 但用的语言是真的就够了 |
[30:41] | – It’s fascinating. – Yeah. | -很有趣 -是啊 |
[30:45] | Is this document actually in your possession? | 这份文件现在在你手上吗 |
[30:47] | Well, if it were, | 如果在我手上的话 |
[30:48] | I’d be in breach of the Official Secrets Act wouldn’t I? | 我就违反《官方机密法》了 不是吗 |
[30:53] | So based on what might be in this document… | 基于这份文件可能陈述的内容 |
[30:55] | – That you don’t have. – That I don’t yet have. | -这份你没有的文件 -我还没有的文件 |
[30:56] | But that you want to print in your paper. | 但你会印在你们报纸上 |
[30:58] | If you don’t issue a D-notice against publication. | 如果你不会对我们发布国防机密通知的话 |
[31:00] | Well, which I will most certainly do | 如果我觉得这份报纸可能 |
[31:02] | if I think the publication might in any way | 危害到英国人或英国军队安危的话 |
[31:04] | endanger the lives of British people or British forces. | 我很有可能会发的 |
[31:08] | – Understood. – Good. | -明白了 -很好 |
[31:11] | Go on. | 继续 |
[31:14] | Would you say it were likely real or a forgery? | 您觉得这会是真的还是伪造的 |
[31:18] | What do you think? | 您怎么看 |
[31:20] | I think it could be a fake | 我觉得可能是反战运动 |
[31:22] | put out by the anti-war movement… | 或是其他国家伪造的 |
[31:25] | …or by a foreign agency to embarrass the US. | 用来羞辱美国 |
[31:28] | – Which agency? – The Russians. | -哪个国家 -俄罗斯 |
[31:31] | I mean, the French oppose the war, too, | 法国人也反对开战 |
[31:33] | but I don’t think they’d do this. | 但我觉得他们不会这么做 |
[31:34] | I think you might be overthinking it as usual, Martin. | 我觉得你可能又和往常一样多虑了 马丁 |
[31:37] | – Meaning? – You tell me. | -意思是 -你说呢 |
[31:41] | Well, meaning it could be exactly what it says it is. | 意思就是可能就是文件字面上的意思 |
[31:48] | You know, Martin, I believe that all information | 马丁 我认为所有以公众名义 |
[31:50] | collected in the name of the public should be made public. | 收集的信息都应该被公之于众 |
[31:55] | The only question is, when. | 唯一的问题就是 时机 |
[31:58] | But in this case, I don’t have the luxury of time, Admiral. | 但这种情况下 我选不了时机 少将 |
[32:02] | Powell just made a very strong case for war. | 鲍威尔刚刚表达了强烈的开战意愿 |
[32:05] | Yes, I see. | 我知道 |
[32:10] | I have also always believed | 我也一直坚信 |
[32:13] | that censorship when called for | 必要的审查制度 |
[32:16] | should be based on security issues alone… | 只应该被用在安全问题上 |
[32:22] | …not on whether a news report | 而不是一份可能 |
[32:23] | might embarrass a government. | 羞辱政府的新闻报道上 |
[32:30] | Thank you, Admiral. | 谢谢你 少将 |
[32:32] | Ed, it’s Edie from the London office. | 艾德 我是伦敦办公室的伊迪 |
[32:35] | I got a weird message for you | 你收到一条奇怪的留言 |
[32:37] | from someone who wouldn’t give his name. | 来自一个不愿意透露姓名的人 |
[32:39] | He said you should call extension 6727. | 他说要你给6727分机打电话 |
[32:42] | Makes no sense to me, but maybe to you. | 我完全听不懂 但你可能能听懂 |
[32:45] | 6727. Good luck. | 6727 祝你好运 |
[32:48] | – 6727. – Bye-bye. | -6727 -再见 |
[32:49] | 6727 6727 6727 6727. 6727. 6727. | |
[32:59] | 6727 6727. | |
[33:04] | NSA. How may I direct your call? | 国安局 需要转接电话吗 |
[33:06] | Hello. Extension 6727, please. | 你好 请转6727分机 谢谢 |
[33:10] | 6727? | 6727吗 |
[33:12] | 6727, yes. | 是的 6727 |
[33:14] | One moment. | 稍等 |
[33:17] | Frank Koza’s office. | 弗兰克·科扎办公室 |
[33:20] | Hello, may I speak to Mr. Frank Koza, please? | 你好 请问可以接通弗兰克·科扎先生吗 |
[33:22] | Who shall I say is calling? | 您怎么称呼 |
[33:23] | I can’t say. Just put me through. | 我不能说 帮我接通就行了 |
[33:26] | Yes, sir. | 好的 先生 |
[33:29] | Hello? | 你好 |
[33:32] | Mr. Koza? Mr. Frank Koza? | 科扎先生吗 弗兰克·科扎先生 |
[33:35] | Yes. Who’s calling? | 是的 你是哪位 |
[33:37] | Mr. Koza, my name is Ed Vulliamy. | 科扎先生 我叫艾德·乌利亚米 |
[33:39] | I work for The Observer newspaper in London. | 在伦敦的《观察家报》报社工作 |
[33:42] | I wanted to ask you about a memo you sent to GCHQ. | 想问问关于你发给政府通讯总部的一封简报 |
[33:49] | Mr. Koza? | 科扎先生 |
[33:55] | Do you think this is real? | 你觉得是真的吗 |
[33:56] | Yes, they put me through. | 是的 他们帮我接通了 |
[33:58] | – To Frank Koza? – Yes. | -接通弗兰克·科扎了吗 -没错 |
[34:00] | And you spoke to him directly, right, Ed? | 然后你直接和他说话了吗 艾德 |
[34:02] | Well, we didn’t exactly have a conversation. | 准确的说我们没有对话 |
[34:04] | Did you speak to him or not? Yes or no, Ed? Jesus. | 你和他说话了吗 是或不是 艾德 天呐 |
[34:07] | Yes, but he cut me off | 是啊 但当我说我在《观察家报》 |
[34:08] | when I said I worked for The Observer. | 工作的时候他就打断了我 |
[34:09] | But you’re sure that he exists, right, Ed? | 但你确定他真实存在是吗 艾德 |
[34:12] | Hell yes, I’m sure! | 拜托 当然确定了 |
[34:14] | I said, “Mr. Koza?” | 我说是科扎先生吗 |
[34:16] | He said, “Yes, who’s calling?” | 他说是 请问您是谁 |
[34:17] | All right. Thank you, Ed. | 行吧 谢谢你 艾德 |
[34:18] | Try not to fuck this one up, Roger. | 努力别把这事搞砸了 罗杰 |
[34:21] | – Fuck off. – You’re welcome, anytime. | -去你的 -不用谢 |
[34:25] | – Hitler Diaries. – What? | -希特勒日记 -什么 |
[34:27] | I’m just saying it smells of a forgery | 我是说这一听就是伪造的 |
[34:29] | like the Hitler Diaries | 像希特勒日记一样 |
[34:30] | and, of course, publishing those cost people their jobs. | 当然 也一样会导致我们丢掉饭碗 |
[34:32] | Which is precisely why we’re doing | 这正是我们严格筛查 |
[34:33] | rigorous checking on this, Kamal. | 这件事情的原因 卡莫尔 |
[34:36] | – Who brought you this? – Friend. | -消息是谁给你的 -朋友 |
[34:38] | – Someone from GCHQ? – No. | -政府通讯总部的人吗 -不是 |
[34:40] | Then who? | 那是谁 |
[34:44] | – Yvonne Ridley. – Yvonne fucking Ridley! | -伊冯·瑞德利 -伊冯·他妈的·瑞德利 |
[34:47] | The woman who fell off a donkey in Afghanistan | 就是那个在阿富汗塔利班的边防检查站 |
[34:49] | at some Taliban checkpoint! | 从一头驴身上跌下来的女人 |
[34:51] | Her arse over a tit with a camera up her burka | 那个裹着长袍抱个相机 |
[34:52] | and then she converted to Islam | 因为拐卖她的人贩子放了她 |
[34:54] | after she was released by her kidnapper. | 就加入了伊斯兰教的女人 |
[34:55] | None of which means she’s not right! | 以上这些都不能证明她错了 |
[34:57] | She’s anti-war! | 她是反战主义者 |
[34:58] | She probably typed the fucking thing herself. | 说不定这鬼东西就是她自已打出来的 |
[35:01] | Martin, you realize the legal risks we’ll be taking? | 马丁 你知道我们面临的法律风险吗 |
[35:03] | Yes. | 是的 |
[35:04] | The last time we published anything like this | 上一次我们发布类似消息的时候 |
[35:05] | you and Roger almost went to prison. | 你和罗杰差点就进监狱了 |
[35:07] | Jan, the last time our source claimed | 詹 上次我们的消息来源声称 |
[35:09] | MI6 had funded an attempted assassination on Gaddafi. | 军情六处资助了一场暗杀卡扎菲的行动 |
[35:11] | This document doesn’t accuse anyone | 这份文件没有丝毫 |
[35:13] | of doing anything remotely like that. | 指控任何人做出类似行为的字眼 |
[35:15] | No, it merely suggests that the US government, | 没有 它只是指出美国政府在 |
[35:19] | with the help of Great Britain, might try to twist arms | 大不列颠的帮助下可能会强迫 |
[35:22] | and threaten UN delegates into voting for a war in Iraq. | 联合国的代表给伊拉克战争投赞成票 |
[35:25] | It’s a hell of a story. | 这故事发出去肯定火爆 |
[35:31] | Look, we know Koza exists. | 我们都知道科扎是真实存在的 |
[35:33] | Beaver says the language used is authentic. | 比弗说信上的用词很准确 |
[35:35] | And Wilkinson says that while publication | 威尔肯森说尽管出版物可能会让 |
[35:37] | may embarrass both governments, | 双方政府都有点尴尬 |
[35:38] | he doesn’t believe that it poses a security risk | 他并不觉得这会给英国人或者武装力量 |
[35:40] | to the British people or the armed forces. | 带来安全隐患 |
[35:42] | Ironically, publication may actually | 有点讽刺 出版物可能 |
[35:44] | prevent a war and save lives. | 真的可以阻止战争 拯救生命 |
[35:46] | Well. Mi6? | 军情六处吗 |
[35:48] | Would not confirm but did not deny. | 并不确定 但也不否认 |
[35:53] | Jan, where are we legally? | 詹 法律上我们处于什么位置 |
[35:54] | Wilkinson may not issue a D-Notice | 威尔肯森可能不会发布国防机密通知 |
[35:56] | but that doesn’t stop Special Branch from coming after us. | 但也阻止不了特别调查处对我们下手 |
[35:59] | – Thank you. – Legally, we have a top secret document | -谢谢 -法律上 我们掌控着 |
[36:02] | in our possession. | 一份顶级机密文件 |
[36:07] | Look, Rog, don’t forget | 罗杰 别忘了我们是 |
[36:09] | we’re getting detailed information | 直接从布莱尔的办公室 |
[36:11] | directly from Blair’s office. | 获取细节信息 |
[36:12] | – Fuck off. – Well, he’s right. | -滚 -他是对的 |
[36:14] | Printing this kind of story would kill that relationship. | 发表这种故事会毁掉那层关系 |
[36:17] | Since when did this paper prioritize political access | 从什么时候开始我们报社把政治接触 |
[36:19] | over its own investigative reporting? | 置于自身调查报道之上了 |
[36:21] | yes. We have taken a position on this, guys! | 对 我们在这件事上已经有立场了 |
[36:24] | We support the war. | 我们支持开战 |
[36:28] | Yes. We do. | 是 没错 |
[36:31] | Fuck. | 卧槽 |
[36:33] | But Peter’s right. | 但是皮特是对的 |
[36:35] | This is a fucking good story. | 这他妈真是个好故事 |
[36:48] | Thank you, Roger. | 谢谢 罗杰 |
[36:54] | Here we go. | 就这样吧 |
[37:07] | Wait, I’ll come with you. | 等等 我和你一起 |
[37:08] | I’m just going to go get some milk. | 我就是去买点牛奶 |
[37:10] | Go back to bed. I’ll bring you a coffee. | 回去睡吧 我给你带咖啡 |
[37:11] | Okay. | 好 |
[37:25] | – Hi. – Morning. | -你好 -早 |
[37:52] | What’s the matter, janum? | 怎么了 亲爱的 |
[37:59] | What’s going on? | 发生什么了 |
[38:01] | 观察家报 揭露: 美国阴谋骗取伊拉克战争赞成票 | |
[38:08] | – Bravo, Martin. – Ah, there he is. | -真棒 马丁 -他在那 |
[38:10] | Well done. | 干得不错 |
[38:13] | – Here he is! – Nice one, Martin. | -他来了 -真不错 马丁 |
[38:23] | Brighty, congratulations. | 祝贺你 布莱迪 |
[38:26] | Bloody brilliant. | 真他妈不错 |
[38:28] | – Thank you. – What have you got for me next? | -谢谢 -接下来还有什么惊喜 |
[38:30] | Every major European paper is citing us | 每一家欧洲主流报纸都引用了我们的报道 |
[38:32] | and we’ve had calls in from CNN, NBC, and Fox. | 我们接到了CNN NBC和Fox打来的电话 |
[38:34] | They all want to interview you for their morning shows | 他们都希望在美国时间的清晨 |
[38:36] | when they wake up in the US. | 请你做晨间节目的采访 |
[38:37] | Any response from Downing Street? | 有唐宁街的回复吗 |
[38:39] | We got a call in, but they’re scrambling. | 我们接到了一个电话 他们还在抢着接 |
[38:45] | Martin, line 2. | 马丁 2号线 |
[38:48] | Martin Bright. | 马丁·布莱特 |
[38:51] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[38:54] | No. | 不是 |
[38:55] | Uh, no, the person who leaked it hasn’t been identified. | 不是 泄露消息的人还未查清 |
[39:00] | Why’d you do it? | 你为什么那么做 |
[39:02] | I just thought that they’d investigate. | 我以为他们会调查 |
[39:04] | I never expected them to print the whole memo. | 我从没想过他们会把整个简报打印下来 |
[39:06] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 你怎么没告诉我 |
[39:07] | Sorry, I didn’t, I didn’t, I… | 对不起 我没有 |
[39:11] | I thought that you would try and talk me out of it | 我以为你会劝我不要这么做的 |
[39:12] | and I didn’t want you to. | 但我并不想你这样 |
[39:13] | – My God, janum. – I’m so sorry. | -天哪 亲爱的 -对不起 |
[39:15] | They don’t mention your name? | 他们没提过你的名字吧 |
[39:18] | – I haven’t told anyone. – Good. That’s good. | -我没告诉过任何人 -好 那就好 |
[39:24] | That’s very kind. All right, thank you. | 那真是太好了 好的 谢谢 |
[39:28] | Why don’t you get in touch with your friend Tony, Kamal? | 卡莫尔 你为什么不联系你朋友托尼 |
[39:31] | – Ask him if he has an opinion. – That’s not funny, Rog. | -问问他的看法 -不好笑 罗杰 |
[39:34] | – Martin? – Yes? | -马丁 -怎么了 |
[39:35] | NBC just canceled your interview. | NBC取消了你的采访 |
[39:37] | What? | 什么 |
[39:39] | NBC no longer wished to interview Martin. | NBC不想采访马丁了 |
[39:42] | Did they say why? | 他们有没有说原因 |
[39:44] | They just said sorry, but they didn’t think | 他们就说了对不起 但是他们 |
[39:46] | they could fit you in anymore. | 可能不会再邀请你了 |
[39:48] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[39:49] | Brighty, reporter from Santiago. | 布莱迪 圣地亚哥的记者来电 |
[39:52] | Thank you. Martin Bright. | 谢谢你 马丁·布莱特 |
[39:56] | No. | 不 |
[39:57] | At this stage, we have no idea what information | 目前这个阶段 我们还不知道 |
[39:59] | was gathered from Chile or any of the other countries. | 这些信息是从智利获取的还是其他国家 |
[40:01] | Peter. | 皮特 |
[40:02] | Fox says that they have to cancel. | Fox方面说他们想取消 |
[40:04] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[40:05] | Uh, yeah, Mexico is furious too. | 是的 墨西哥方面也很愤怒 |
[40:08] | Okay. Thank you. | 好 谢谢 |
[40:09] | – Martin? – Yes? | -马丁 -怎么了 |
[40:11] | I’ve got a producer from CNN. | CNN的制片人找你 |
[40:15] | Martin Bright. | 马丁·布莱特 |
[40:19] | I see. | 我知道了 |
[40:22] | No. No, no. No, no. That’s all right. | 不 那都没关系 |
[40:26] | May I ask why? | 我能问问为什么吗 |
[40:29] | Yes, I stand by it. Of course I stand by it. | 对 我支持 我当然支持 |
[40:32] | The Drudge Report? | 《德拉吉报道》 |
[40:37] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[40:39] | All right, okay. | 好的 |
[40:41] | What the fuck is going on? | 他妈的到底发生了什么 |
[41:00] | It’s fake. | 是假的 |
[41:01] | We’ve printed a fake fucking memo | 我们发布了一份 |
[41:03] | from Yvonne fucking Ridley! | 伊冯·瑞德利交给我们的假简报 |
[41:09] | Oh, you fucking idiot. There. You see it? | 你是个该死的蠢货 你看到了吗 |
[41:13] | Because the Americans did. | 因为美国人的习惯是那样 |
[41:15] | Favourable. F-A-V-O-U-R. | 赞同 F-A-V-O-U-R |
[41:18] | Some English cunt has tried to fake an American NSA memo | 有个英国佬伪造了美国国安局简报 |
[41:23] | and you fucking schmucks fell for it. | 然后你这个蠢货居然上当了 |
[41:25] | Wait. Martin, where’s the original? | 等等 马丁 原版呢 |
[41:28] | Where’s the original document? | 原版文件在哪里 |
[41:29] | jesus. | 天啊 |
[41:43] | – American spelling. – what? | -美国的拼写方式 -啥 |
[41:44] | The original has American spelling. | 原版是美国的拼写方式 |
[41:48] | And this is what I filed, see? | 然后我是这样备份的 看 |
[41:50] | Favorable. O-R. | 赞同 O-R |
[41:52] | Just like the original. Not o-u-r. | 和原版一样 不是o-u-r |
[41:53] | And recognize with a Z, not an S. | 认可打的是Z 而不是S |
[42:01] | Who changed what I wrote? | 谁把我写的改了呢 |
[42:06] | Who… | 谁 |
[42:08] | Who changed what I fucking wrote? | 谁他妈改了我写的 |
[42:09] | Come on, speak up! Who did this? | 说 是谁干的 |
[42:24] | Nicole, what did you do? | 妮可 你都干了些什么 |
[42:28] | I, um… | 我 |
[42:31] | I ran it through spell check. | 我过了一遍拼写检查 |
[42:37] | Spell check? Jesus. | 拼写检查吗 天啊 |
[42:41] | That’s what I always do. I’m so sorry. | 我经常会做拼写检查 对不起 |
[42:43] | Do not cry, Nicole. | 妮可 不准哭 |
[42:45] | Do not fucking cry. | 你他妈不准哭 |
[42:53] | Okay, well, we know that it’s not fake. | 行吧 我们知道不是假的 |
[42:54] | We go online, we explain what | 我们可以上网解释发生了什么 |
[42:56] | happened, we call all of the networks. | 我们可以通知所有的网络公司 |
[42:57] | Stop it, Martin. | 够了 马丁 |
[42:59] | Fuck, Rog, it was an honest mistake. | 去你的吧 罗杰 这只是无心之失 |
[43:01] | Don’t be so naive. | 别太天真了 |
[43:04] | You’re an American editor. What story do you put out now? | 你是个美国编辑 你现在又打算怎么说 |
[43:07] | That The Observer is doubling down on a fake memo? | 说《观察家报》发布了一份假的简报 |
[43:11] | Or that the staff of this newspaper | 还是说这家报纸的职员 |
[43:13] | are really so colossally stupid! | 蠢到无可救药 |
[43:29] | It’s all right. Would you like a cup of tea? | 没关系的 你想来杯茶吗 |
[43:53] | Someone in this building | 这栋楼里有人背叛了 |
[43:55] | has betrayed their government and their country. | 他们的政府和国家 |
[44:00] | Now I’m sure it wasn’t anyone in this division, | 虽然我确信不会是这个部门里的人 |
[44:03] | but starting today, | 但是从今天开始 |
[44:04] | Internal Security will be conducting interviews | 内部安全局将会和你们每个人 |
[44:07] | with each and every one of you. | 进行私下谈话 |
[44:10] | If you know anything or suspect anyone, | 如果你们知道些什么或者怀疑某个人 |
[44:14] | it is your sworn duty to speak up. | 就应该义不容辞地说出来 |
[44:17] | If you do not and you are found to have | 如果你们没有这么做或者被发现 |
[44:20] | withheld information of any kind, | 隐瞒了任何种类的信息 |
[44:22] | you will be charged with a breach | 你们将会被起诉为违反 |
[44:25] | of the Official Secrets Act. | 《官方机密法》 |
[45:16] | You should see the file that tosser’s got on me. | 你真该看看那个混蛋手上掌握的资料 |
[45:19] | – What did he ask you? – Katharine! | -他问你什么了 -凯瑟琳 |
[45:32] | Come in, Katharine. | 进来吧 凯瑟琳 |
[45:37] | – Katharine Gun? – Yes? | -凯瑟琳·冈恩 -是我 |
[45:39] | I’m John from Internal Security. Please. | 我是来自内部安全局的约翰 请坐 |
[45:56] | Mandarin translator. | 普通话译员 |
[45:58] | GCHQ for two years. | 在政府通讯总部呆了两年 |
[46:01] | – Yes. – And before that? | -是的 -在那之前呢 |
[46:04] | I taught English to Japanese students. | 我给日本学生上英语课 |
[46:06] | – Hiroshima, right? – Yes. | -在广岛对吗 -是的 |
[46:09] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[46:10] | Did you visit the memorial? | 你去看过纪念碑吗 |
[46:13] | The peace memorial? | 和平纪念碑 |
[46:15] | To the people killed by the atomic bomb? | 为纪念被原子弹所杀害的人们而建的 |
[46:19] | Yes, actually, I did. | 是的 事实上我去过 |
[46:20] | It’s, uh… | 就是 |
[46:23] | It’s something you really have to see. | 就是个值得一去的地方 |
[46:24] | It’s very moving. | 很感人 |
[46:28] | Compels one to think about the consequences of war, | 迫使人们想到战争的苦果 |
[46:31] | doesn’t it? | 不是吗 |
[46:33] | Yes, I suppose it does. | 我想是的 |
[46:35] | Are you anti-war, Katharine? | 你是反战主义者吗 凯瑟琳 |
[46:37] | No. | 不是 |
[46:38] | Uh, I think sometimes war is necessary. | 我认为有时候战争是有必要的 |
[46:46] | I see you lived in Taiwan as a child? | 你小时候是住在台湾吗 |
[46:49] | – Yes. – How long did you live there? | -对 -你在那儿住了多久 |
[46:51] | We moved over when I was three. | 我三岁的时候我们家搬去的 |
[46:53] | I came back to do my A-levels. | 后来我回来参加大学入学考试 |
[46:55] | So for most of your childhood then? | 所以你大部分童年时光是在台湾度过的吗 |
[46:56] | Yes. | 是的 |
[46:59] | You had a religious upbringing? | 你受过宗教教育吗 |
[47:00] | No, not particularly. | 不 没有专门接受过 |
[47:02] | But were you sent away | 但是你被送去就读 |
[47:03] | to a Christian missionary school in Taiwan? | 了一所台湾的基督教教会学校 是吗 |
[47:05] | Yes. | 是的 |
[47:06] | Gave you a clear sense of right and wrong, did it, | 那个学校是不是教会了你 |
[47:08] | being in a mission school? | 分辨是非对错的观念 |
[47:09] | I think my parents gave me that. | 我认为是我父母教会我的 |
[47:12] | Did you leak the Koza e-mail? | 是你泄露了科扎的邮件吗 |
[47:14] | – No. – No? | -不是 -不是吗 |
[47:15] | No. | 不是我 |
[47:19] | – But you read it? – Yes. | -但是你看过了 -是的 |
[47:20] | I mean, it was sent to me, so I read it. | 邮件发给我了 我就看了 |
[47:23] | What were your immediate thoughts after you read it? | 你看完后的第一反应是什么 |
[47:27] | Nothing much. It didn’t really bother me. | 没想什么 好像跟我没什么关系 |
[47:28] | – It didn’t? – No. | -是这样吗 -是的 |
[47:33] | Who do you think might have leaked it? | 你觉得可能是谁泄露的 |
[47:39] | – I have no idea. – No? | -我不知道 -是吗 |
[47:42] | – No. – No? | -是的 -真的不知道吗 |
[47:44] | No. | 不知道 |
[47:47] | Thank you, Mrs. Gun. | 谢谢你 冈恩女士 |
[47:50] | That’s all for now. | 先到这里吧 |
[47:58] | Eat a little. | 吃一点吧 |
[48:00] | Please. | 拜托了 |
[48:04] | They’re bringing everyone in. One by one. | 他们把每个人都带进去了 一个接着一个 |
[48:11] | You haven’t said anything? | 你没说什么吧 |
[48:14] | Okay. Just eat a little. | 那就好 就先吃一点吧 |
[48:19] | Everything will be all right. | 一切都会好起来的 |
[48:26] | Eat. | 吃吧 |
[48:35] | Hi, Fiona, it’s Katharine. | 菲奥娜 我是凯瑟琳 |
[48:38] | I’m so sorry | 我很抱歉 |
[48:39] | but I don’t think I’m gonna be able to come in today. | 我今天可能来不了了 |
[48:42] | Yeah, I think I’ve caught a tummy bug. | 我感觉我好像得了胃病 |
[48:47] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[48:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[48:51] | Thank you so much. | 非常感谢 |
[48:53] | What’d she say? | 她怎么说 |
[48:56] | She said I should get some rest. | 她说我是应该休息一下 |
[48:57] | Good. | 那就好 |
[48:59] | – She was nice. – That’s good. | -她人很好 -那挺好的 |
[49:03] | Try and sleep. | 试着睡会儿吧 |
[49:08] | Sorry, I have to go. | 抱歉 我得走了 |
[49:21] | …ask you about a report in The Observer newspaper in London, | 请问你一个来自于伦敦《观察家报》的问题 |
[49:22] | 阿里·弗莱舍 白宫新闻秘书 | |
[49:26] | a memo reported to be from a man who actually works at the NSA | 有一份据说是国家局工作人员发布的简报 |
[49:30] | in which he describes a “surge in surveillance | 据他描述的是 加强对 |
[49:34] | “of UN Security Council members.” | 联合国安理会成员的监控 |
[49:37] | What’s your response? | 对此你作何回应 |
[49:38] | Terry, as a matter of long-standing policy | 泰瑞 作为一项长期存在的政策规定 |
[49:41] | the administration never comments on | 行政机构从不对任何涉及 |
[49:43] | anything involving any people involved in intelligence. | 情报机构人员的事情发表评论 |
[49:46] | – No, of course, you don’t. – What the fuck? | -是 你当然不会了 -搞什么鬼 |
[49:49] | if you’re a Cameroonian diplomat | 如果你是驻联合国 |
[49:51] | or a French diplomat at the United Nations | 喀麦隆外交官或者是法国外交官 |
[49:54] | then you’re gonna have to operate on the assumption | 那么你应该对美国会窃听你 |
[49:55] | that the United States is bugging you. | 这种假设行为采取行动 |
[49:56] | No, it’s a blanket matter of policy | 不 由于政策的规定 |
[49:59] | that we do not answer questions of that nature… | 我们无法对此类问题作出回应 |
[50:03] | …I’m not indicating to you whether it’s true or not true. | 我无法明确跟你表明这件事情的真假 |
[50:06] | Have you eaten? | 你吃了吗 |
[50:07] | …of policy that predates this administration. | 行政机构会受到政策的约束 |
[50:10] | I brought soup. A bean salad. | 我买了汤 扁豆沙拉 |
[50:15] | I’m gonna say it was me. | 我要承认是我泄露的 |
[50:18] | The Americans are refusing to admit that the memo was real. | 美国人拒绝承认那份简报是真实的 |
[50:21] | – I have to tell the truth. – No. | -我必须说出真相 -不要 |
[50:23] | If I don’t, | 如果我不说 |
[50:24] | then they’ll get away with saying it was a fake. | 他们就会用这是伪造的说辞来了事 |
[50:26] | Janum, you did what you could. | 亲爱的 你已经尽你所能了 |
[50:28] | Now leave it alone, please! | 现在别再管了 求你了 |
[50:29] | What am I supposed to do? | 那我应该要怎么做 |
[50:30] | Am I supposed to keep lying forever? | 我要一辈子都活在谎言里吗 |
[50:32] | If you say nothing, they can never prove anything. | 如果你什么都不说 他们什么也证明不了 |
[50:34] | They are questioning everyone at work. | 他们问了办公室里的每一个人 |
[50:36] | They’re interrogating my friends. | 审问我的朋友们 |
[50:37] | They’re asking people to name names. | 唆使我们互相检举 |
[50:38] | – That will be over soon. – And then what? | -那很快就会过去 -然后呢 |
[50:42] | There will be a question mark | 上百人的档案里会留下污点 |
[50:43] | in hundreds of people’s files because of me. | 仅仅因为我一个人 |
[50:46] | They will put you in jail! | 他们会把你关进监狱的 |
[50:48] | I have to prove it was real. | 我必须证明那是真的 |
[50:49] | Everyone at work knows that | 办公室里的每个人都知道 |
[50:50] | what the NSA asked us to do was illegal. | 国安局要我们做的事是违法的 |
[50:53] | – Nobody cares! – Well, I care! | -没有人在乎 -我在乎 |
[50:57] | If I don’t say it was me, then we’ll go to war | 如果我不说是我泄露的 那我们就会 |
[50:59] | based on blackmail and lies. | 陷入基于诈骗和谎言而发动的战争 |
[51:01] | And I can’t live with that. I won’t. | 我不能背负着谎言活着 绝对不能 |
[51:05] | Janum, please listen to me. | 亲爱的 拜托听我说 |
[51:08] | I work at a cafe. | 我在咖啡馆上班 |
[51:09] | I took the job because I needed a job. | 我在那儿上班是因为我需要有一份工作 |
[51:11] | But it’s just a job. | 但它就仅仅是一份工作 |
[51:13] | You did the same thing, remember? | 你也是一样啊 还记得吗 |
[51:16] | When you saw the advert, you said you didn’t even know | 当时你看到广告的时候 还说过 |
[51:18] | what the job really was. | 你根本不知道那是干什么的 |
[51:21] | It’s just a job. | 那仅仅只是一份工作而已 |
[51:24] | And you can get another job. | 你还可以去找别的工作 |
[51:29] | You just need to keep your head down for a few more weeks | 你只需要在事态平息之前 |
[51:31] | until things calm down. | 保持低调几个星期 |
[51:34] | Then you resign, you can get another job. | 然后就可以辞职 换个新工作 |
[52:03] | On a diet? | 你在减肥吗 |
[52:05] | – What? – No cinnamon bun? | -什么 -怎么没带肉桂面包 |
[52:10] | Who’s in there now? | 现在是谁在里面 |
[52:12] | Nuri. Second time. | 努里 已经第二次了 |
[52:15] | Had him take a lie detector test yesterday. | 他昨天还被带去做了测谎测试 |
[52:22] | Mi-yung! | 米容 |
[53:22] | I did it. | 是我干的 |
[53:26] | It was me. | 是我泄露的 |
[53:31] | Oh, Katharine. | 凯瑟琳 |
[53:38] | Leave us, please. | 你可以出去了 |
[54:33] | Handbag. | 手提包 |
[54:37] | Rings. | 戒指 |
[54:41] | Necklace. | 项链 |
[54:43] | Watch. Belt. | 手表 皮带 |
[54:46] | I don’t have a belt. | 我没有皮带 |
[54:50] | Take her through cell 7. | 把她带去7号牢房 |
[55:09] | I’ve found the | 我找到了 |
[55:10] | passports and a couple of foreign books. | 护照还有几本外语书 |
[55:14] | Who are you? | 你们是谁 |
[55:17] | Where’s my wife? | 我妻子在哪里 |
[55:21] | I want to see her. Where is she? | 我要见她 她在哪儿 |
[55:23] | They can’t keep me long. | 他们关不了我多久的 |
[55:25] | They haven’t charged me yet. | 他们还没对我提出起诉 |
[55:27] | No contact, please. | 请勿肢体接触 |
[55:32] | – Where are they holding you? – Downstairs. | -他们把你关在哪里 -楼下 |
[55:37] | I’m okay. I promise I’m okay. | 我没事 我向你保证我没事 |
[55:48] | I brought this. | 我带了这个 |
[55:51] | It will get cold tonight. | 今晚会转凉 |
[55:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[56:14] | Lights out. | 熄灯 |
[56:28] | – Katharine Gun? – Yes. | -凯瑟琳·冈恩 -是我 |
[56:30] | We’re from Scotland Yard. Do you have a lawyer? | 我们是伦敦警察厅的 你有律师吗 |
[56:35] | No. | 没有 |
[56:36] | There’s a duty solicitor on call. | 现在有一名待命的责任律师 |
[56:38] | She’ll sit in with you. | 她会接手你的案子 |
[56:44] | Your supervisor speaks highly of your integrity. | 你的主管对你的人品有着很高的评价 |
[56:47] | She says this breach was a foolish one-off. | 她说这次事件是你愚蠢的初犯 |
[56:51] | Was it? | 是这样吗 |
[56:53] | Do you mean if I leaked anything else? No. | 你是想问我有没有泄露其他信息吗 我没有 |
[56:55] | – Do you intend to? – No. | -你有这个打算吗 -没有 |
[56:59] | I’ve always been very proud to work at GCHQ. | 我一直以能在政府通讯总部工作为荣 |
[57:01] | Until now. | 直到现在也是吗 |
[57:04] | Yes. Until now. | 是的 直到现在也是 |
[57:06] | What were you employed to do? | 你的工作内容主要是什么 |
[57:09] | Well, I can’t be specific. | 这个我无法准确表述 |
[57:13] | Be general then. | 那就大致说一下 |
[57:15] | I translated signals intelligence | 我主要是翻译通讯情报 |
[57:17] | and I reported anything | 并且上报一切 |
[57:18] | I thought might be of interest to my clients. | 我觉得我的客户会需要的情报 |
[57:20] | – Your clients? – The Foreign Office. | -你的客户 -外交部 |
[57:22] | The Ministry of Defense. | 国防部 |
[57:24] | So, you work for the British Government. | 所以 你是为英国政府工作的 |
[57:26] | – No. Not really. – No? | -不 不算是 -不是吗 |
[57:28] | Governments change. | 政府会更替 |
[57:30] | I work for the British people. | 我只为英国人民工作 |
[57:32] | I gather intelligence | 我收集情报 |
[57:34] | so that the government can protect the British people. | 是为了政府能更好地保护英国人民 |
[57:38] | I do not gather intelligence so that the government can lie | 我收集情报并不是为了让政府 |
[57:41] | to the British people. | 向英国人民撒谎 |
[57:45] | With respect, Mrs. Gun, | 恕我直言 冈恩女士 |
[57:48] | you’re a spy. | 你是名间谍 |
[57:51] | Yes. | 是 |
[57:52] | You gather information | 你从人们的 |
[57:53] | from people’s phones and computers | 手机和电脑里收集情报 |
[57:54] | and you feed that to your clients. | 然后再把那些情报交给你的客户 |
[57:56] | – Yes. – You eavesdrop on private conversations. | -是的 -你窃听人们的私人通话 |
[58:00] | And now you’re upset at being asked to do that | 现在却因为要对安理会成员 |
[58:02] | to members of the Security Council? | 做这些而愤慨吗 |
[58:04] | Detective… | 探长 |
[58:06] | I don’t object to being asked to collect information | 我并不反对被要求去收集情报 |
[58:10] | that could help prevent a terror attack. | 来阻止一场恐怖袭击的发生 |
[58:13] | What I object to is being asked to gather intelligence | 但我反对被要求收集情报就是为了 |
[58:17] | to help fix a vote at the UN | 改变联合国的投票结果 |
[58:20] | and deceive the world into going to war. | 并且欺骗全世界陷入战争 |
[58:27] | – Who put you up to this? – No one. | -是谁指使你这么做的 -没人指使 |
[58:30] | But you gave the memo to someone. | 但你把那份简报给了别人 |
[58:31] | Who did you give it to? A journalist? | 你给了谁 某个记者吗 |
[58:34] | Someone in the anti-war movement? | 某个参加了反战运动的人 |
[58:37] | Your husband? | 还是你的丈夫 |
[58:39] | You don’t have to answer that. | 你不需要回答这个问题 |
[58:40] | No, I will answer that. | 不 我要回答 |
[58:41] | My husband had absolutely nothing to do with this. | 我的丈夫与这件事情绝对没有半点关系 |
[58:43] | He was briefly detained here, too, wasn’t he? | 他以前也在这儿被拘留过一段时间 是吗 |
[58:46] | – Pending deportation? – Yes, he was. | -待审驱逐 -是的 |
[58:49] | – And then you married him. – Yes. | -之后你就嫁给他了 -是 |
[58:52] | His paperwork has been resubmitted. | 他的文件已经重新上交了 |
[58:54] | – He signs in here once a week. – He’s a Muslim. | -他每星期都来这里登记 -他是个穆斯林 |
[58:58] | I’m sorry? | 你说什么 |
[58:59] | He’s a Kurdish Turk | 他是库尔德土耳其人 |
[59:01] | seeking permanent residence in Britain. | 正在英国寻求永久居留权 |
[59:04] | And given what Saddam Hussein has done to the Kurdish people, | 鉴于萨达姆·侯赛因对库尔德人民的暴行 |
[59:08] | murdering over 180,000 of them with chemical weapons, | 他用生化武器杀害了18万库尔德人 |
[59:12] | I can assure you | 我可以向你保证 |
[59:13] | my husband has absolutely no sympathy whatsoever | 我丈夫对于伊拉克政权 |
[59:16] | with the Iraqi regime. | 绝对没有任何同情心 |
[59:17] | Then why did you leak a memo | 那你为什么要泄露那份 |
[59:19] | intended to help remove Saddam Hussein? | 本打算让萨达姆·侯赛因下台的简报 |
[59:22] | ‘Cause by attacking Iraq, | 因为袭击伊拉克 |
[59:23] | you don’t simply attack Saddam Hussein, | 并不仅仅是袭击萨达姆·侯赛因 |
[59:26] | you attack the country of over 30 million people! | 而是袭击这个有三千多万人口的国家 |
[59:29] | And I cannot bear to think of the pain and the suffering | 我无法想象也不能忍受战争会带来的 |
[59:31] | that that will cause. | 痛苦和灾难 |
[59:33] | Frankly, I don’t see how anyone can bear it. | 说实话 我觉得没人可以忍受 |
[59:36] | Detective, is she going to be formally charged? | 探长 她会被正式起诉吗 |
[59:39] | That’s a decision for the Attorney General. | 那是总检察长的决定 |
[59:41] | Lord Goldsmith will need time | 戈德史密斯大人还需要时间 |
[59:44] | to decide how to deal with you. | 来考虑如何处置你 |
[59:45] | The custody sergeant will release you | 在你支付保释金后 |
[59:47] | on police bail today. | 负责羁押的警官今天会将你释放 |
[59:49] | You’ll be told to return to the station | 会有人告知你 在大概三个月以后 |
[59:51] | in approximately three months, | 返回警察局 |
[59:53] | by which time a decision on whether to charge you | 届时我们将做出关于 |
[59:55] | will have been made. | 你是否被起诉的决定 |
[1:00:07] | Are you all right, Janum? | 你还好吧 亲爱的 |
[1:00:10] | – Are you all right? – Yeah, come on. | -你还好吧 -还好 过来 |
[1:00:12] | Katharine? | 凯瑟琳 |
[1:00:14] | I’m sorry. I deal mostly with petty criminals, | 很抱歉 我一直都是处理小型罪犯的 |
[1:00:17] | drunks and drug addicts. | 酒鬼和瘾君子之类的 |
[1:00:19] | If you’re charged, you’re gonna need someone | 如果你被起诉了 你得找一个 |
[1:00:22] | with a lot more experience than me. | 比我更有经验的人 |
[1:00:24] | – I see. – Have you heard of Liberty? | -我明白了 -你听说过自由组织吗 |
[1:00:27] | They handle human rights cases, | 他们接手人权案件 |
[1:00:29] | political cases, often for free. | 政治案件 通常都是无偿的 |
[1:00:32] | Well… I just wanted to be sure you knew that. | 我只是想让你知道这个 |
[1:00:37] | – Good luck. – Thank you. | -祝你好运 -谢谢 |
[1:00:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:00:42] | George W. Bush’s patience | 乔治·沃克·布什对联合国的耐心 |
[1:00:44] | with the United Nation has run out | 正在消磨殆尽 |
[1:00:45] | because they haven’t managed to get those nine votes | 因为他们一直未争取到 |
[1:00:48] | at the Security Council which would give them, | 可以使他们成为所谓的”道德多数派”的 |
[1:00:48] | 道德多数派 1970年代宗教右派崛起时兴起的政治游说团体 支持保守基督教派 小布什属共和党中的极右派 | |
[1:00:51] | what they call, a moral majority. | 安理会的九张赞同票 |
[1:00:52] | That represents a real failure of American diplomacy. | 这标志着美国外交手段彻头彻尾的失败 |
[1:00:56] | This is the man who’s advising Tony Blair | 此人正在就战争合法性 |
[1:00:59] | on the legality of war. | 向英国首相托尼·布莱尔进言 |
[1:01:01] | The Attorney General Lord Goldsmith | 据我所知 总检察长戈德史密斯 |
[1:01:02] | has, I understand, told the Prime Minister | 曾告知首相 |
[1:01:05] | military action would be legal without a second resolution. | 若无第二项决议 军事行动就是合法的 |
[1:01:05] | 2002年之前 安理会已通过关于伊拉克的16项决议 2003年 英 美 西班牙提出一条新的决议 被称为”第二项决议” “第二项决议”遭到否决后 安理会之前本已授权的入侵反而变得更困难 | |
[1:01:08] | But it’s all down to interpretation. | 但这种说法引发了争议 |
[1:01:10] | What is she saying? They have not got the votes | 她在说什么 他们还没拿到赞同票 |
[1:01:11] | but they’re going to war, anyway? | 但是无论如何都要开战吗 |
[1:01:13] | …arguing old UN resolutions don’t count | …坚称原来的联合国决议不再生效 |
[1:01:16] | and war is illegal without a new one or a new threat. | 若无新决议或新威胁 战争即为非法 |
[1:01:21] | So the troops are in place. | 因此军队已就位 |
[1:01:22] | Some UN inspectors are quitting Iraq. | 部分联合国观察员正在撤出伊拉克 |
[1:01:24] | Just how close are we to war? | 我们离战争还有多远 |
[1:01:26] | Fergus has been assessing the evidence. Fergus? | 费格斯在对现有的证据进行评估 费格斯 |
[1:01:29] | All the signs are now | 如今所有迹象表明 |
[1:01:30] | that war is very, very close now… | 战争正在步步逼近 |
[1:01:34] | Hi. | 你好 |
[1:01:37] | – Do you wanna come in? – Oh, no, no, no. | -你想进来吗 -不用 不用 |
[1:01:38] | I’m all packed for London. | 我已经收拾好 准备去伦敦了 |
[1:01:40] | I just, um… | 我只是 |
[1:01:42] | I just wanted to say, I think that what you did was amazing. | 我只是想说 我觉得你的所作所为很勇敢 |
[1:01:47] | – You do? – Yeah. A lot of us do. | -真的吗 -是的 很多人都这么想 |
[1:01:52] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[1:01:54] | Are they going to charge you? | 他们会起诉你吗 |
[1:01:57] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:02:01] | God, Kat, I’m so sorry. | 天哪 凯特 我很抱歉 |
[1:02:04] | Hey, you didn’t do anything wrong. | 你没做错什么 |
[1:02:06] | I didn’t do anything right. I… | 我也没做什么正确的事 我… |
[1:02:18] | I better be going. Bye. | 我得走了 再见 |
[1:02:34] | 三天后 2003年3月20日 | |
[1:02:42] | My fellow citizens, | 我的美国同胞们 |
[1:02:44] | at this hour, American and coalition forces | 此时此刻 美国及其盟军军队 |
[1:02:47] | are in the early stages of military operations | 正处于采用军事行动解除伊拉克武装的 |
[1:02:50] | to disarm Iraq, to free its people | 初期阶段 从而解放伊拉克人民 |
[1:02:53] | and to defend the world from grave danger. | 并且防止世界陷入危险之中 |
[1:02:56] | Our nation enters this conflict reluctantly, | 我们的国家并不情愿卷入这次冲突 |
[1:02:59] | yet our purpose is sure. | 但我们的目的是明确的 |
[1:03:02] | The people of the United States and our friends and allies | 美国人民 我们的朋友 以及盟军 |
[1:03:05] | will not live at the mercy of an outlaw regime | 不会任凭非法政权摆布而无动于衷 |
[1:03:08] | that threatens the peace with weapons of mass murder. | 他们持有威胁和平的大规模杀伤性武器 |
[1:03:17] | We will meet that threat now. | 我们如今要直面威胁了 |
[1:03:18] | We should have got that memo out sooner. | 我们本该早点拿到那份简报 |
[1:03:21] | We did what we could. We fucking failed. | 我们已经尽力了 我们失败了 |
[1:03:24] | so that we do not have to meet it later | 正是为了在我们的城市里 街道上 |
[1:03:26] | with armies of firefighters and police and doctors | 不必让消防员 警察 医生 |
[1:03:30] | on the streets of our cities. | 组成军队 去对抗他们 |
[1:03:33] | Now that conflict has come, | 现如今战争已经来临 |
[1:03:35] | the only way to limit its duration | 缩短战争时间的唯一途径 |
[1:03:37] | is to apply decisive force. | 就是使用压倒性的武装力量 |
[1:03:39] | I’m so fucking naive. | 我太他妈天真了 |
[1:03:41] | This will not be a campaign of half measures | 这绝不会是一次半途而废的行动 |
[1:03:44] | and we will accept no outcome but victory. | 我们能接受的唯一结果就是胜利 |
[1:04:05] | I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[1:04:10] | You want to come to the cafe? | 你想到咖啡厅来吗 |
[1:04:12] | Work with me? | 和我一起工作 |
[1:04:20] | I’ll call you later. | 我晚点打给你 |
[1:04:24] | If we use the phones, | 如果我们打电话 |
[1:04:27] | they’ll be listening. | 他们会监听的 |
[1:04:30] | Let them listen. | 让他们听吧 |
[1:04:33] | We have nothing to hide. | 我们光明磊落 |
[1:04:38] | You should contact those lawyers… | 你该联系一下那些律师 |
[1:04:42] | …today. | 就今天 |
[1:04:44] | Please. | 拜托了 |
[1:05:11] | – Hello? – Hi. Uh, it’s Katharine. | -你好 -你好 我是凯瑟琳 |
[1:05:13] | Uh, Katharine Gun. I phoned this morning. | 凯瑟琳·冈恩 我今早打过电话 |
[1:05:15] | Oh, yes, Katharine. Please, um, come on up. | 对 凯瑟琳 请上来吧 |
[1:05:25] | – Katharine? – Hello. | -凯瑟琳吗 -你好 |
[1:05:27] | James. Lovely to meet you. | 我是詹姆斯 很高兴见到你 |
[1:05:29] | – Thanks for seeing me. – Not at all. | -谢谢你抽空见我 -没事 |
[1:05:31] | I’m sorry about the decor. | 抱歉装修这么简陋 |
[1:05:32] | We like to say we focus more on our clients. | 我们更多地把心思花在委托人身上 |
[1:05:35] | This is Shami Chakrabarti, our director. | 这位是沙米·查卡巴提 我们的主管 |
[1:05:37] | – Hello, Katharine. – And this is Ben Emmerson. | -你好 凯瑟琳 -这位是本·艾默森 |
[1:05:41] | Hi. | 你好 |
[1:05:42] | Hello. | 你好 |
[1:05:44] | This was the only memo you took? | 你只拿了这一份简报 |
[1:05:46] | – Yes. – No one suggested you take it? | -对 -没人建议你这么做 |
[1:05:48] | No. And you’ve never met Martin Bright? | -没有 -你从未见过马丁·布莱特 |
[1:05:51] | No. | 没有 |
[1:05:52] | Martin called me last week. | 马丁上周打给我 |
[1:05:53] | He said he didn’t know who you were, | 他说他不知道你是谁 |
[1:05:55] | but he wanted us to be aware that you might need our help. | 但他想让我们知道你可能需要我们的帮助 |
[1:05:58] | Well, that was very kind of him. | 那他人挺好的 |
[1:06:00] | He said he got the memo from someone he knew | 他说他从一个认识的人那里拿到的简报 |
[1:06:03] | but he wouldn’t say who. | 但他不肯说是谁 |
[1:06:05] | Do you want to tell us who you gave it to? | 你愿意告诉我们你把简报给谁了吗 |
[1:06:11] | Look, | 是这样 |
[1:06:13] | if you don’t mind, I would prefer not to say. | 如果你不介意的话 我不太想说 |
[1:06:17] | I promised I wouldn’t. | 我保证过不会说出去 |
[1:06:19] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:06:21] | When you met Yasar, he had already applied for asylum. | 你遇见亚萨尔时 他已经申请政治避难了 |
[1:06:24] | Yes. Which was denied. | 是的 不过被驳回了 |
[1:06:26] | Yes, uh, they said that there wasn’t a | 没错 他们说他回去后 |
[1:06:29] | significant enough risk of persecution if he went back. | 遭受迫害的风险并不高 |
[1:06:32] | And that’s when you married him? | 你们就是那时结婚的吗 |
[1:06:34] | – Yes. – And did he pay you? | -是的 -他付钱给你了吗 |
[1:06:36] | Absolutely not. | 绝对没有 |
[1:06:37] | I’m sorry, I don’t mean to upset you. | 抱歉 我不是故意激怒你 |
[1:06:38] | It’s just that your husband is Muslim | 只是你的丈夫是穆斯林 |
[1:06:40] | and the prosecution will be looking for motive. | 因此控方会寻找动机 |
[1:06:42] | My motive was to stop a war | 我的动机是阻止一场战争 |
[1:06:45] | and save lives. I failed. | 拯救万千生命 然而我失败了 |
[1:06:49] | All I’ve managed to do is put my husband’s future at risk. | 我费尽心力 却将我丈夫置身于危险之中 |
[1:06:52] | And your own. | 还有你自己 |
[1:06:54] | In fact, by leaking information | 事实上 想要通过泄露情报 |
[1:06:56] | to try and stop a war, I’d argue | 来阻止一场战争 我倒觉得说明了 |
[1:06:58] | that you chose loyalty to your country | 你对国家之忠诚 高于对政府之忠诚 |
[1:07:00] | over loyalty to your government, your marriage and yourself. | 高于对婚姻之忠诚 高于对自己之忠诚 |
[1:07:04] | You had nothing to gain and everything to lose. | 你一无所获 却失去了一切 |
[1:07:08] | I think that speaks rather highly of you. | 我觉得这可是在赞扬你 |
[1:07:12] | He’s trying to give you a compliment. | 他在试图恭维你 |
[1:07:15] | I see. | 我知道 |
[1:07:16] | Part of our job is to try and anticipate | 我们的职责之一就是尝试预判 |
[1:07:18] | what the prosecution’s going to throw at you. | 控方可能会向你提出的说辞 |
[1:07:21] | Some of the people we meet are looking for attention, | 有些人来找我们是为了博得存在感 |
[1:07:24] | a way to elevate their humdrum lives. | 给他们枯燥乏味的生活增添色彩 |
[1:07:26] | – Well, I’m not. – No, I don’t think you are. | -我不是这种人 -不 我不觉得你是 |
[1:07:33] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[1:07:34] | There’s nothing to be sorry for. | 没什么好抱歉的 |
[1:07:36] | We’re here to help. | 我们是来帮助你的 |
[1:07:41] | And we don’t have duress. | 我们没有受到胁迫 |
[1:07:43] | She’s adamant no outside agency put any pressure on her. | 她坚定认为并没有外界机构给她施加压力 |
[1:07:47] | Public interest? | 公众利益呢 |
[1:07:48] | The public has a right to know when their government is lying. | 若是政府说谎 民众有权知情 |
[1:07:51] | We cite the Falklands case | 我们来引用福克兰群岛的案例 |
[1:07:53] | when Thatcher lied about why she ordered | 撒切尔夫人在当初为何下令 |
[1:07:53] | 1982年 英国和阿根廷之间由于争夺福克兰群岛的主权爆发了一场战争 当时的英国首相撒切尔夫人下令击沉了一艘阿根廷主力巡洋舰 | |
[1:07:54] | the sinking of that Argentinian ship. | 击沉阿根廷船只一事上说了谎 |
[1:07:56] | Belgrano. Yeah. | 贝尔格拉诺将军号 没错 |
[1:07:57] | – Who was the whistleblower? – Clive Ponting | -告密者是谁 -克莱夫·庞廷 |
[1:08:00] | The jury acquitted him, didn’t they? | 陪审团判他无罪 不是吗 |
[1:08:01] | Yes, and immediately afterwards, | 对 而且就在这之后不久 |
[1:08:02] | Thatcher had the Official Secrets Act amended | 撒切尔夫人就命人修订了《官方机密法》 |
[1:08:04] | to avoid being caught in a lie in the future. | 以免日后被抓住谎言的把柄 |
[1:08:06] | So since ’89, the public interest is | 因此自1989年来 政府说 |
[1:08:09] | effectively whatever the government says that it is. | 公众利益是什么 公众利益就是什么 |
[1:08:12] | We’ve got nothing. | 我们一无所获 |
[1:08:14] | I have to think about it. | 我得好好想想 |
[1:08:16] | Sorry, I have to go. | 抱歉 我得走了 |
[1:08:18] | I promised Anne a weekend away. | 我答应了安周末出去玩 |
[1:08:22] | If they charge her, we might have to plead guilty | 如果他们起诉她 我们可能得认罪 |
[1:08:25] | and ask for a reduced sentence. | 然后要求减刑 |
[1:08:26] | But she’s young and principled. | 但是她那么年轻而且坚守原则 |
[1:08:29] | A judge might even think that | 法官甚至会认为她的所作所为 |
[1:08:30] | what she did was morally right. | 从道义上来讲无可指摘 |
[1:08:31] | Or crucify her as a traitor. | 也可能判决她叛国 |
[1:08:36] | Bye. | 再见 |
[1:09:04] | – You sure he was following you? – He was staring at me. | -你确定他在跟踪你吗 -他一直盯着我 |
[1:09:07] | Sometimes men stare… | 有时候男人盯着你是… |
[1:09:08] | Yeah, it wasn’t that kind of a stare. | 我知道 不是那种目光 |
[1:09:09] | What kind of a stare was it? | 那是什么样的目光 |
[1:09:11] | Yas, please, I’m scared. Okay? | 亚斯 拜托 我很害怕 好吗 |
[1:09:14] | I’m scared. | 我很害怕 |
[1:09:17] | You know, for years, I’ve tried to be legal here. | 数年来 我一直试图合法地居留在这里 |
[1:09:19] | – I know. – Then why’d you do it? | -我知道 -那你为什么要那么做 |
[1:09:21] | These arseholes got their war, anyway. | 那些蠢货已经达到目的了 |
[1:09:23] | Saddam’s over. And you know what? | 萨达姆完了 而且你知道吗 |
[1:09:25] | – I’m glad he’s over! – War is not over. | -我很高兴他完了 -战争还没有结束 |
[1:09:27] | Ousting Saddam is just the beginning. | 罢黜萨达姆只是一个开端 |
[1:09:29] | What do you know about war? | 你又能知道战争的什么 |
[1:09:30] | I work at GCHQ. | 我在政府通讯总部工作 |
[1:09:31] | All you do is listen to people talking! | 你所做的只是道听途说罢了 |
[1:09:33] | You’ve never seen war! You’ve never smelled it! | 你从没见过战争 你从没闻过战争的味道 |
[1:09:36] | Never even come close to it! | 甚至从未接近过战场 |
[1:09:37] | Yas, I understand why you are angry. | 亚斯 我明白你为什么这么愤怒 |
[1:09:40] | It is my fault and I’m sorry. | 是我的错 我很抱歉 |
[1:09:42] | I am so sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[1:09:44] | But I watched Blair with his smug smile | 但是我看着布莱尔挂着自以为是的微笑 |
[1:09:49] | and his sterile speeches that tell us nothing | 还有他枯燥无味的演说词 绝口不提 |
[1:09:52] | of what it must feel like to be a child in Iraq right now. | 此时此刻伊拉克儿童的感受 |
[1:09:56] | I know I’m not sorry that I tried to stop him. | 我不会为自己试图阻止他而感到抱歉 |
[1:09:58] | I’m not. | 一点也不 |
[1:10:00] | I’m only sorry that I failed. | 我只是懊悔我失败了 |
[1:10:10] | Thank you for inviting us in. | 谢谢你们让我们进来 |
[1:10:14] | What is it you came to say? | 你有什么要说的 |
[1:10:15] | Well, there’s been a development. | 事情有所进展 |
[1:10:19] | – Am I going to be charged? – That I don’t know. | -我会被起诉吗 -这我不知道 |
[1:10:21] | Then why are you here? | 那你为什么来 |
[1:10:24] | I gather you went to see a lawyer today. | 据我所知 你今天去见了一位律师 |
[1:10:27] | – Did you follow me? – No. | -是你们在跟踪我吗 -不是 |
[1:10:28] | Because somebody did. | 因为有人跟踪了 |
[1:10:29] | Well, you must know that after what you did, | 你得知道在你做了那件事之后 |
[1:10:31] | GCHQ is concerned. | 政府通讯总部一直忧心忡忡 |
[1:10:33] | I have a right to legal advice. | 我有权寻求法律咨询 |
[1:10:36] | Unfortunately, it’s not as simple as that. | 很不幸 事情没那么简单 |
[1:10:39] | When you signed on to work for GCHQ, | 你签约就职政府通讯总部的时候 |
[1:10:42] | you agreed to be bound by the Official Secrets Act | 你就同意遵守《官方机密法》了 |
[1:10:45] | for the rest of your life. | 期限是终生 |
[1:10:47] | I know what I signed, detective. | 我知道我签了什么 探长先生 |
[1:10:49] | Mm, then you know that it says here in Section 1-1 | 那你应该知道在第一章第一节 |
[1:10:56] | that “a person is guilty of an offense | 这里写道 一个人如果他/她 |
[1:10:59] | “if he or she | 披露与国家安全或 |
[1:11:02] | discloses any information | 情报部门有关的 |
[1:11:04] | relating to security or intelligence. | 任何信息 即属犯罪 |
[1:11:08] | This means that you cannot discuss anything | 也就是说你不能和政府通讯总部以外的 |
[1:11:12] | with anyone outside of GCHQ | 任何人谈论任何有关 |
[1:11:15] | relating to the document you leaked. | 你泄露的文件的事情 |
[1:11:19] | Are you saying I can’t talk to a lawyer? | 你是说我不能和律师谈话吗 |
[1:11:21] | Oh, you have the right to talk to a lawyer. | 你当然有权利和律师谈话 |
[1:11:23] | It’s just that you cannot discuss | 只是不能谈论任何 |
[1:11:25] | anything to do with your work at GCHQ, | 与你在政府通讯总部的工作有关的内容 |
[1:11:29] | or the contents of the memo you leaked, | 或者是被你泄露的简报的内容 |
[1:11:31] | or how it came into your possession | 或是你如何获得这份简报的 |
[1:11:33] | or who wrote it. | 亦或是谁写的 |
[1:11:36] | All of this information is top secret. | 所有的这些信息都是最高机密 |
[1:11:39] | So disclosing it to anyone outside of GCHQ, | 因此向政府通讯总部外的任何人透露这些内容 |
[1:11:42] | even a lawyer, | 即便是律师 |
[1:11:44] | would be a further violation of the Official Secrets Act, | 也将视作对《官方机密法》的进一步违反 |
[1:11:48] | which could result in further prosecution | 将会招致进一步起诉 |
[1:11:51] | and a much longer prison sentence. | 以及更长的刑期 |
[1:11:57] | We just wanted you to be aware of that. | 我们只是希望你清楚这一点 |
[1:12:02] | So if I may not talk to a lawyer, who may I talk to? | 如果我不能和律师谈话 那我可以和谁谈 |
[1:12:06] | You should talk to your superiors at GCHQ. | 你应该和你在政府通讯总部的上级谈 |
[1:12:09] | Are you fucking joking? | 你他妈在开玩笑吗 |
[1:12:11] | Yas, please. Please. | 亚斯 不要生气 |
[1:12:13] | We should hear what the detectives have to say. | 我们应该听听探长们要讲的话 |
[1:12:15] | They’re just doing their job. | 他们只是在履行职责 |
[1:12:20] | Simply put, if you wish to tell anything to a lawyer | 简而言之 如果你想和他人谈论任何事情 |
[1:12:25] | or the press or anyone else | 无论是律师或媒体或者其他任何人 |
[1:12:29] | you first need to clear it with GCHQ. | 你都要先跟政府通讯总部说清楚 |
[1:12:36] | Detective | 探长先生 |
[1:12:38] | I leaked only one memo. | 我只泄露了一份简报 |
[1:12:41] | I had good reason to do so | 我也有充分的理由这么做 |
[1:12:43] | and I intend to make those reasons public | 如果我被起诉 我就会把这些理由 |
[1:12:46] | if I am charged. | 公之于众 |
[1:12:50] | I will not talk to my lawyers again | 我不会再和我的律师谈话 |
[1:12:52] | unless I am charged. | 除非我被起诉 |
[1:12:55] | Tell that to GCHQ. | 请把我的话带给政府通讯总部 |
[1:13:03] | Are you grilling or smoking that fish? | 你是在烤鱼还是在熏鱼 |
[1:13:05] | I am smoking. I’ve soaked the wood chips in water. | 我在熏鱼 我把木屑浸过了水 |
[1:13:08] | I’ve got charcoal. | 也放了木炭 |
[1:13:09] | I’m… I’m trying something new. | 我要 我要试试新做法 |
[1:13:12] | – Hi. – Ken? | -嗨 -肯 |
[1:13:15] | – Hi. – Hi Ken. | -嗨 -嗨 肯 |
[1:13:16] | Guess you’re down here for the weekend. | 我猜你是来这里过周末的 |
[1:13:18] | Yes. Just for the night. | 是的 就来一晚 |
[1:13:19] | Yeah, me too. It’s been a while. | 是啊 我也是 有段时间没见了 |
[1:13:20] | 肯·麦克唐纳 检察长 | |
[1:13:21] | Would you, uh… Do you want a drink? | 你想 你想来一杯吗 |
[1:13:23] | Uh, no, thanks. Sally’s cooking dinner. | 不了 谢谢 萨莉在做晚饭 |
[1:13:26] | – Hello, Anne. – Hi. | -你好 安 -嗨 |
[1:13:28] | I’m so sorry to intrude. | 我很抱歉贸然打扰 |
[1:13:31] | Oh, not at all. | 完全没有 |
[1:13:32] | How’s the new job? | 新工作怎么样 |
[1:13:34] | Well, it’s, um, eye-opening. | 让我大开眼界 |
[1:13:37] | In fact, I wondered if I might ask Ben’s opinion | 其实我想问问本对一个案子的看法 |
[1:13:41] | about a new case that my office has been asked to prosecute. | 是我部门要起诉的一个新案子 |
[1:13:45] | It won’t take a minute. Would you mind? | 不会太久的 可以吗 |
[1:13:48] | How do you know that I met her? | 你怎么知道我和她见过面 |
[1:13:50] | Security services are all over this. | 安全部门都在调查这件事 |
[1:13:54] | And it’s not just a domestic embarrassment. | 这事不仅让英国当局脸上无光 |
[1:13:56] | The Americans are very unhappy. | 美国人也很不开心 |
[1:13:57] | Oh, well, that is upsetting. | 好吧 那是很让人烦恼 |
[1:13:59] | Oh, come on, Ben, it’s not funny. | 少来 本 这又不是什么好玩的事情 |
[1:14:02] | What she did was a deliberate act of betrayal. | 她的行为是蓄意叛国 |
[1:14:05] | Look, Ken, we’re not colleagues anymore. | 肯 我们已经不是同事了 |
[1:14:08] | We’re on different sides here. | 我们在不同阵营里 |
[1:14:09] | I think she wants to be seen as some sort of cause celebre. | 我觉得她想变成争议名人 |
[1:14:14] | But she swore allegiance to the intelligence services | 但她发誓过效忠情报部门 |
[1:14:18] | and when you do that you don’t get to pick and choose | 在这种情况下你不能对自己要服从的命令 |
[1:14:20] | what orders you’ll follow. | 挑挑选选 |
[1:14:21] | Following orders is not a defense to a war crime. | 服从命令不是为战争罪行辩护的理由 |
[1:14:24] | Yes, but who is she to undermine the strategic objectives | 是的 可她哪来的权利去破坏 |
[1:14:28] | of a democratically-elected Prime Minister. | 民主选举选出首相制定的战略目标 |
[1:14:31] | Oh, come on, she’s not selling state secrets to Moscow. | 得了吧 她又不是把国家机密卖给俄罗斯 |
[1:14:34] | She exposed an illegal attempt | 她揭露了一项使联合国 |
[1:14:36] | to secure a UN resolution for war | 通过战争决议的非法企图 |
[1:14:39] | which would have given Blair perfect cover | 这本可以成为布莱尔掩盖 |
[1:14:41] | for the bloody mess that we’re in now. | 我们所处混乱局势的完美借口 |
[1:14:42] | No, she should have kept her mouth shut | 不 她应该闭紧自己嘴巴 |
[1:14:44] | or complained to her superiors. | 或者跟她的上级去抱怨 |
[1:14:47] | Now I’ve got a real problem with people | 我真的不懂为什么那些 |
[1:14:48] | who think that from some lowly position | 身处低位的人竟然会觉得自己 |
[1:14:50] | they can possibly see the big picture. | 有能力纵览全局 |
[1:14:52] | So then you would never question authority | 所以即使你知道他们是违法的 |
[1:14:54] | even if you knew it was breaking the law. | 你也永远不会质疑权威 |
[1:14:55] | Ben, you can’t blame me for being angry with her. | 本 你不能怪我生她的气 |
[1:14:58] | We’re at war. | 现在是战时 |
[1:15:00] | So, I’m going to assign the best prosecutor in my office | 接下来我会指派部门中最优秀的检察官 |
[1:15:02] | to bring this girl down, which shouldn’t be difficult. | 来扳倒这个女孩 应该不会很难 |
[1:15:04] | She’s already confessed. | 她已经承认了 |
[1:15:05] | I appreciate your determination | 我欣赏你要拿她 |
[1:15:07] | to make an example of her, but you shouldn’t be here. | 杀鸡儆猴的决心 但你不该来这里 |
[1:15:13] | Oh, come on, we’re friends. | 别这样 我们是朋友 |
[1:15:15] | I’ll make my position perfectly clear. | 道不同 不相为谋 |
[1:15:17] | If you charge her, then I will defend her | 如果你起诉她 那我将 |
[1:15:19] | to the best of my ability. | 尽我毕生所能为她辩护 |
[1:15:24] | So let’s go home and pretend | 好了该回家了 我们就假装 |
[1:15:25] | that this conversation never happened. | 这段对话从未发生过 |
[1:16:00] | You’re not working today? | 你今天不工作吗 |
[1:16:03] | No. I have to sign in at the station. | 是的 我要去警局报到 |
[1:16:08] | Then we can go for a hike. | 然后我们去徒步远游 |
[1:16:10] | I want to see the sea. | 我想看看大海 |
[1:16:25] | Leave it. | 别管它 |
[1:16:33] | Hi, we’re not in. Please leave a message. | 你好 我们不在家 请留言 |
[1:16:36] | Katharine, it’s James Welch from Liberty. | 凯瑟琳 我是自由组织的詹姆斯·韦尔奇 |
[1:16:39] | We should talk. | 我们要谈谈 |
[1:16:41] | Could give me a call when you get the message? | 听到留言后能给我回个电话吗 |
[1:16:44] | Hello? | 喂 |
[1:16:46] | Oh, ah, Katharine. | 凯瑟琳 |
[1:16:49] | I’m afraid I have some bad news. | 我恐怕要告诉你些坏消息 |
[1:16:52] | Uh, James, you know that | 詹姆斯 你知道的 |
[1:16:54] | GCHQ said I couldn’t talk to you. | 政府通讯总部不允许我和你谈话 |
[1:16:56] | Oh, then, well, the good news is | 那么 好消息是 |
[1:16:57] | we finally had the gag order lifted. | 我们终于让他们取消了封口令 |
[1:17:00] | We’ve agreed to not ask any questions | 我们同意不会询问任何 |
[1:17:01] | about what other work you did at GCHQ. | 你在政府通讯总部的做的其他工作 |
[1:17:04] | But what happens going forward isn’t up to them. | 但接下来发生的事情并不归他们管 |
[1:17:09] | Your case is now in the hands | 你的案子现在 |
[1:17:10] | of the Crown Prosecution Service. | 由皇家检控署接手 |
[1:17:15] | They’re going to charge you. | 他们准备起诉你 |
[1:17:20] | We should meet next week. | 我们下周应该见一面 |
[1:17:26] | Katharine? | 凯瑟琳 |
[1:17:27] | Yes. Uh… Okay. Yeah. | 是的 好的 没问题 |
[1:17:32] | I know that this is a lot to take in, | 我知道这很难接受 |
[1:17:34] | but we will help you. | 但我们会帮助你 |
[1:17:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:17:39] | – Okay. – Thank you very much, James. | -那么 -真的非常感谢你 詹姆斯 |
[1:17:41] | Speak soon. | 再聊 |
[1:17:47] | GCHQ whistleblower charged. | 政府通讯总部告密者被起诉 |
[1:17:50] | Traitor or spy? | 叛徒还是间谍 |
[1:17:51] | Spy speaks out. | 间谍勇敢发声 |
[1:17:53] | The spy who wouldn’t keep a secret. | 不会保守秘密的间谍 |
[1:17:55] | Who is Katharine Gun? | 谁是凯瑟琳·冈恩 |
[1:17:57] | Leak against this war. | 反对战争的泄密 |
[1:18:00] | She’s everywhere. | 她无处不在 |
[1:18:02] | What’s your angle? | 你的报道角度是什么 |
[1:18:04] | Look. | 看吧 |
[1:18:06] | Katharine Gun faces jail for exposing | 凯瑟琳·冈恩因揭露美国 |
[1:18:08] | American corruption in the run-up to war. | 战前腐败恐将面临牢狱之灾 |
[1:18:10] | Now her celebrity supporters insist | 她的名人支持者坚称 |
[1:18:13] | it is Bush and Blair who should be in the dock. | 站在被告席上的应该是布什和布莱尔 |
[1:18:15] | Celebrity supporters? | 名人支持者 |
[1:18:17] | Little tabloidy, don’t you think? | 像是小报的调调 你觉得呢 |
[1:18:19] | Hey, we’re building awareness. | 这不是为了增加阅读量吗 |
[1:18:20] | How about Daniel Ellsberg? | 丹尼尔·埃尔斯伯格怎么样 |
[1:18:22] | He leaked the Pentagon Papers. | 他公开了五角大楼文件 |
[1:18:24] | I know who Ellsberg is, Martin. | 我知道埃尔斯伯格是谁 马丁 |
[1:18:25] | Of course you do. Forgive me. | 那是自然了 请原谅我 |
[1:18:27] | Well, Ellsberg described it as… | 埃尔斯伯格将其描述为 |
[1:18:30] | The most important and courageous leak I’ve ever seen. | 我见过最重要最勇敢的泄密 |
[1:18:33] | No one else has ever done what she did. | 没有其他人做过她做的事 |
[1:18:34] | Tell secret truths at personal risks | 以身犯险道出秘密真相 |
[1:18:37] | before an imminent war, in time, possibly, to avert it. | 尽可能及时避免迫在眉睫的战争 |
[1:18:41] | Okay, that’s classy. | 很好 很有水准 |
[1:18:50] | I’ll be quick. | 我去去就回 |
[1:19:17] | Are you waiting for the tall man? | 你在等一个高个男人吗 |
[1:19:19] | – The dark-haired one? – Yeah. | -深色头发的那个 -是的 |
[1:19:21] | He was shouting that his wife was outside. | 他大声叫喊说他妻子在外面 |
[1:19:23] | – They took him. – What? | -警察把他带走了 -什么 |
[1:19:25] | They took him. | 警察把他带走了 |
[1:19:37] | Where is he? | 他在哪里 |
[1:19:38] | Sorry. Who are you? | 抱歉 您是哪位 |
[1:19:40] | I’m Yasar Gun’s wife. Where’s my husband? | 我是亚萨尔·冈恩的妻子 我丈夫在哪里 |
[1:19:42] | I’m sorry, ma’am. He’s scheduled for deportation. | 我很抱歉 女士 他被安排驱逐出境了 |
[1:19:46] | What? | 什么 |
[1:19:47] | No. No, no. Uh, no, no. | 不 不 不 不 不可能 |
[1:19:49] | Look, look, there’s been some sort of mistake. | 听着 这里一定有什么误会 |
[1:19:51] | I need to see my husband right now. | 我现在就要见我的丈夫 |
[1:19:53] | I’m afraid that’s not possible. | 这我恐怕办不到 |
[1:19:56] | You can’t go in there! | 你不能进去 |
[1:19:57] | Please. Please, please, please, please. | 拜托 拜托 拜托 拜托 拜托 |
[1:19:59] | Let me see him, please. | 让我见他吧 求求你了 |
[1:20:01] | Please, he doesn’t have anything with him. | 行行好吧 他什么东西都没有带 |
[1:20:02] | He doesn’t even have any money. | 他一分钱都没有 |
[1:20:03] | I’m sorry. They’ve already taken him. | 我很抱歉 他已经被带走了 |
[1:20:06] | No, no. They won’t say where. | 不 不知道 他们不肯说在哪里 |
[1:20:08] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:20:09] | Oh, God, James, I don’t know what to do. | 天啊 詹姆斯 我不知道该怎么办 |
[1:20:10] | Katharine, I’m so sorry. I’m at the Hague. | 凯瑟琳 我很抱歉 我在海牙 |
[1:20:13] | – Who’s your MP? – I don’t know. | -你的议员是谁 -我不知道 |
[1:20:15] | – Is it Nigel Jones? – Nigel Jones, yes. Yeah. | -是纳吉尔·琼斯吗 -纳吉尔·琼斯 对 是他 |
[1:20:17] | Do you have your marriage certificate? | 你结婚证在身边吗? |
[1:20:18] | Uh, yeah, yeah, somewhere. Right. | 当然了 在家里 是的 |
[1:20:19] | Find it and I’ll track Nigel down. | 找到结婚证 我去找纳吉尔 |
[1:20:22] | Of course they’re legally married, Beverly. | 他们当然是合法结婚的 贝弗利 |
[1:20:23] | I’m holding their marriage certificate. | 我手上拿的就是他们的结婚证 |
[1:20:25] | I’m sorry, but his application | 我很抱歉 但是他继续 |
[1:20:26] | to remain in this country has been denied. | 留在这个国家的申请被拒绝了 |
[1:20:28] | Mistakenly. | 是被错误地拒绝了 |
[1:20:29] | He’s complied with every directive | 他遵守了你们部门 |
[1:20:31] | your department’s issued. | 要求的每一项指令 |
[1:20:32] | Nigel, your constituent is accused | 纳吉尔 你的选民被起诉于 |
[1:20:34] | of betraying her country. | 背叛她的国家 |
[1:20:35] | Do you really think we should be helping her husband? | 你真的觉得我们应该帮助她的丈夫吗 |
[1:20:37] | I think deporting her husband when she’s facing a trial | 我想在她面临审判时驱逐她丈夫 |
[1:20:40] | looks like state bullying. | 看起来像是国家霸凌 |
[1:20:46] | All right, I’ll review his paperwork. | 好吧 我会复审他文件的 |
[1:20:49] | Thank you. | 多谢你了 |
[1:20:50] | And please make sure he’s not flown out tonight. | 请确保他今晚不会被飞机遣返 |
[1:20:55] | I’m sorry. Best I can do for now. | 我很抱歉 我暂时只能做这么多了 |
[1:20:57] | I promise I will pick this up first thing tomorrow. | 我保证明天一来就继续跟进这件事 |
[1:21:01] | Hello? | 喂 |
[1:21:02] | We tracked him to Harmondsworth Detention Center. | 我们查到他在哈蒙兹沃思拘留中心 |
[1:21:05] | It’s a deportation center at Heathrow Airport | 是一个在希思罗机场的驱逐中心 |
[1:21:07] | right off the M-25. | 就在M-25登机口处 |
[1:21:09] | Go to the main gate and wait there. | 去正门那里等着 |
[1:21:11] | Uh, are they gonna release him? | 他们会放了他吗 |
[1:21:12] | We have ministerial approval but no paperwork yet. | 我们有内阁的批准 但还没有文件 |
[1:21:15] | There is a possibility | 有可能他已经 |
[1:21:17] | he’s already been put on a plane. | 被送上飞机了 |
[1:21:19] | What? | 什么 |
[1:21:20] | Yeah, I’m checking. Just get there as soon as you can. | 我还在查 你尽快赶过去 |
[1:21:22] | Out you go. Let’s go. Move it. | 出去 走吧 快点 |
[1:21:28] | This is a mistake, sir. This is a mistake. | 这搞错了 先生 这弄错了 |
[1:21:30] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[1:21:33] | Please. | 求您了 |
[1:21:35] | I need to call my wife. | 我要给我妻子打电话 |
[1:21:37] | I must call my wife! | 我必须给我妻子打电话 |
[1:22:05] | Next in line. | 下一个 |
[1:22:29] | Hello? Hello? | 有人吗 有人吗 |
[1:22:45] | Yeah? | 喂 |
[1:22:47] | James, James, um, I don’t know if I’m even at the right place. | 詹姆斯 我不知道我是不是来对地方了 |
[1:22:51] | Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, but it’s 4:00 a.M. | 对对对 我知道 但现在是凌晨4点 |
[1:22:53] | There’s nobody to talk to. | 这里没人 |
[1:22:55] | Wait, wait. Someone’s coming. Wait. | 等等 有人来了 等等 |
[1:23:00] | Oh, my God. Oh, my God. | 天啊 我的天啊 |
[1:23:02] | I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry. | 对不起 真对不起 我真对不起你 |
[1:23:05] | – It’s all right. – You okay? | -没事 -你还好吗 |
[1:23:06] | – I’m okay. – Are you okay? | -我没事 -你还好吗 |
[1:23:07] | – You’re okay? – Yeah, yeah. | -你还好吗 -我没事 |
[1:23:16] | If they try and pull anything like that again, | 如果他们再这么做 |
[1:23:18] | then I want to go public. | 我就公布于众 |
[1:23:19] | – Not a good idea. – Why not? | -这主意不太好 -为什么不好 |
[1:23:20] | Because people are fickle. Many will hate you. | 因为人们反复无常 有人会恨你 |
[1:23:23] | Your personal lives will be picked apart, | 你的私生活会被人指摘 |
[1:23:25] | your marriage will be interrogated. | 你的婚姻将会备受拷问 |
[1:23:26] | In fact, we think it will be best | 其实我们觉得 |
[1:23:28] | if Yasar was kept well out of this. | 最好不要让亚萨尔卷进来 |
[1:23:31] | You should probably not attend the trial. | 你最好不要参加审讯 |
[1:23:35] | – I understand. – What? No. | -我懂 -什么 不 |
[1:23:38] | Janum, we both know the jury will prefer | 亲爱的 道理我们都懂 |
[1:23:40] | an English girl without an immigrant husband. | 没嫁给移民的英国女孩会更受陪审团喜欢 |
[1:23:42] | You know what? That is ridiculous. | 你知道吗 这太荒谬了 |
[1:23:43] | We are married and we have nothing to be ashamed of. | 我们结婚了 这没有什么可羞耻的 |
[1:23:45] | The shame is on them, not you. | 羞耻的是他们 不是你 |
[1:23:47] | You don’t need to risk your freedom to prove it. | 你不需要冒着失去自由的危险去证明它 |
[1:23:51] | We should discuss how you’ll plead. | 我们应该讨论一下你怎么申辩 |
[1:23:54] | Not guilty. | 当然是无罪 |
[1:23:55] | But you understand you confessed. | 你知道你已经承认了吧 |
[1:23:57] | I confessed that I leaked a memo in order to try and save lives. | 我承认我泄露了一份简报是为了挽救生命 |
[1:24:01] | And we will use that argument to ask for a reduced sentence. | 我们会用这个论点来要求减刑 |
[1:24:05] | If you do plead guilty, there will be no jury. | 如果你认罪 就不需要上庭 |
[1:24:08] | You could be out of jail in less than six months. | 你只需要蹲不到六个月就出狱 |
[1:24:11] | Given how badly the war is going, | 考虑到战争的残酷性 |
[1:24:12] | we think a judge is likely to be sympathetic. | 我们认为法官很可能会同情你 |
[1:24:15] | But I’d have a criminal record. | 但是我会有犯罪记录 |
[1:24:17] | That is true. | 是的 |
[1:24:18] | Which I would carry with me for the rest of my life | 它会伴随着我度过余生 |
[1:24:21] | into every job interview, | 每一次面试 |
[1:24:23] | every application for credit. | 每一次申请贷款 |
[1:24:24] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:24:26] | And I’m sorry. We would be conceding | 请恕我不能理解 我们是要传达 |
[1:24:28] | that no one in Intelligence can ever tell the British people | 情报人员永远不能告诉英国人民 |
[1:24:32] | when their government is lying. | 即使他们的政府在撒谎 这样的信息吗 |
[1:24:33] | Not when the lies are protected by the Official Secrets Act, no. | 当谎言受到《官方机密法》的保护时 不行 |
[1:24:37] | I’m sorry. This is all a charade. | 抱歉 在我看来这就是一场骗局 |
[1:24:39] | I mean, if you’re saying that I have to plead guilty | 如果你是说我必须认罪 |
[1:24:40] | because the act allows absolutely no defense whatsoever, | 因为这个法案完全不允许辩护 |
[1:24:43] | then the very idea of a fair trial is a joke. | 那么想要个公平的审判本身就是一个笑话 |
[1:24:46] | I’m sorry, Katharine, | 我很抱歉 凯瑟琳 |
[1:24:47] | but the best we can do is ask a judge for leniency. | 但我们最多只能请求法官宽大处理 |
[1:24:51] | Post Belgrano, there really is no defense | 贝尔格拉诺事件之后违反《官方机密法》 |
[1:24:54] | to a breach of the Official Secrets Act… | 确实没有辩护的余地 |
[1:24:56] | Except perhaps one. | 也许除了一点 |
[1:24:58] | Katharine said it herself. | 凯瑟琳自己说的 |
[1:25:00] | She leaked the memo to try to save lives. | 她泄露这份简报是为了挽救生命 |
[1:25:03] | But she still broke the law. | 但她仍然违反了法律 |
[1:25:04] | Yes, but there are circumstances where you can break the law. | 是的 但在有些情况下你可以违法 |
[1:25:07] | It’s only in situations of absolute necessity… | 只有在绝对必要的情况下 |
[1:25:09] | – Necessity. Exactly. – Ben, you’re reaching. | -必要性 没错 -本 你太能扯了 |
[1:25:12] | Am I? What are the requirements for a defense of necessity? | 是吗 为必要性辩护的条件是什么 |
[1:25:15] | Imminent threat to your life or the lives of others. | 对你或他人生命的迫在眉睫的威胁 |
[1:25:17] | Yeah, and no other reasonable way to prevent loss of life. | 而且没有其他合理的方法来防止失去生命 |
[1:25:20] | Yes, right, well, the invasion posed | 没错 这次入侵对成千上万人的生命 |
[1:25:21] | an imminent threat to thousands of lives. | 构成了迫在眉睫的威胁 |
[1:25:23] | Katharine has no right to try and prevent a war | 凯瑟琳没有权利试图阻止 |
[1:25:25] | authorized by the Attorney General. | 一场由司法部长授权的战争 |
[1:25:27] | – Unless the war is illegal. – What? | -除非这场战争是非法的 -什么 |
[1:25:30] | Wait, wait, so now we’re going to put the war on trial? | 等等 现在我们要审讯这场战争吗 |
[1:25:33] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:25:34] | I believe that Katharine Gun tried to stop an illegal war. | 我相信凯瑟琳·冈恩试图阻止一场非法战争 |
[1:25:39] | What she did was necessary | 她的所做所为是必要的 |
[1:25:41] | to try to save thousands of British-American and Iraqi lives. | 为了挽救上千英美和伊拉克国人的生命 |
[1:25:44] | And Goldsmith specifically stated that the invasion was legal. | 戈德史密斯特别指出入侵是合法的 |
[1:25:49] | He said so only three days before the invasion. | 他是在入侵前三天说这番话的 |
[1:25:51] | What was his position before that? | 在那之前他是什么立场 |
[1:25:53] | What was his advice at the time Katharine leaked the memo? | 凯瑟琳泄露简报的时候他持什么立场 |
[1:25:56] | – Well, we have no idea. – Well, I’d like to find out. | -我们不知道 -我想知道 |
[1:25:57] | Because Blair spent a lot of energy | 因为布莱尔花费了大量精力 |
[1:25:59] | trying to secure a new UN resolution. | 试图确保联合国通过一项新的决议 |
[1:26:02] | I suppose. | 我想是的 |
[1:26:03] | When Lord Goldsmith finally said the war was legal, | 当戈德史密斯爵士最终表示这场战争是合法的 |
[1:26:07] | his deputy legal advisor resigned. | 他的副法律顾问辞职了 |
[1:26:09] | Yes, Elizabeth Wilmshurst. Yeah, that’s right. | 是的 伊丽莎白·威尔姆斯赫斯特 没错 |
[1:26:10] | She resigned. Yes, yes. | 她辞职了 对对 |
[1:26:10] | But she didn’t say why. | 但是她没说原因 |
[1:26:12] | She couldn’t. If she did, | 她不能说 根据《官方机密法》 |
[1:26:14] | she’d be charged under the Official Secrets Act. | 一旦她说了 她将被起诉 |
[1:26:16] | So I need to get a meeting with Elizabeth Wilmshurst. | 那么我需要和伊丽莎白·威尔姆斯赫斯特见面 |
[1:26:18] | She’s not gonna go public. | 她不会公布于众 |
[1:26:20] | She doesn’t have to. All we need is a hint | 她不用那么做 我们只需要一个暗示 |
[1:26:21] | that Goldsmith changed his mind about the legality of the war. | 即戈德史密斯改变了对战争合法性的立场 |
[1:26:24] | I’m sorry, Ben. There are two ways they could justify war. | 本 但他们有两种方式可以让战争合法 |
[1:26:28] | – We’ve only addressed one. – So what am I missing? | -我们只解决了一个 -我漏掉了哪个 |
[1:26:30] | – Self-defense. – Oh, come on. | -自卫 -得了吧 |
[1:26:31] | Does anyone honestly believe that this country | 难道有人真的相信这个国家 |
[1:26:33] | was about to be attacked by Iraq? | 即将遭到伊拉克袭击吗 |
[1:26:35] | I do agree, but that’s why they trotted out Powell. | 我同意但这就是为什么他们推出鲍威尔 |
[1:26:37] | To make the case for WMDs. | 为了证明大规模杀伤性武器的存在 |
[1:26:40] | If it’s true that Iraq has weapons of mass destruction | 如果伊拉克真的拥有大规模杀伤性武器 |
[1:26:41] | that pose an imminent threat to this country, | 对这个国家构成迫在眉睫的威胁 |
[1:26:44] | the war is legal without a UN resolution. | 没有联合国的决议 这场战争也合法 |
[1:26:48] | How many people actually believe | 有多少人真正相信 |
[1:26:49] | Iraq still has weapons of mass destruction? | 伊拉克仍然拥有大规模杀伤性武器 |
[1:26:51] | Well, they’re still looking. If we go down this route, | 他们还在找 如果我们走这条路的话 |
[1:26:55] | we better pray none are found. | 最好祈祷他们什么都没发现 |
[1:26:58] | I’m gonna | 我要去弄清 |
[1:26:59] | get Elizabeth Wilmshurst’s number. | 伊丽莎白·威尔姆斯赫斯特辞职的原因 |
[1:27:04] | You’ve put me in a rather awkward position. | 你把我置于一个相当尴尬的境地 |
[1:27:06] | I’m sorry, but thank you for seeing me. | 对不起 谢谢你能见我 |
[1:27:10] | I think what she did took great courage. | 我认为她的所作所为需要很大的勇气 |
[1:27:13] | 伊丽莎白·威尔姆斯赫斯特 前任副法律顾问 外交部 | |
[1:27:14] | And she was naive, of course, but brave. | 当然 她很天真 但很勇敢 |
[1:27:17] | And you were brave enough to resign. | 你能辞职也很勇敢 |
[1:27:23] | But not to speak out in public. | 但没有勇敢到公布于众的程度 |
[1:27:26] | If I had, I might have caused more of a brouhaha. | 如果我说出去 可能会引起更多的骚动 |
[1:27:30] | Sparked a proper debate. | 引发一场大辩论 |
[1:27:31] | Can I ask you, uh, how did you resign? | 我能问问你 你是怎么辞职的吗 |
[1:27:40] | I wrote a letter. | 我写了一封信 |
[1:27:43] | And in that letter, did you give a reason for your resignation? | 在那封信里 你写了辞职的理由吗 |
[1:27:48] | I restated my position on the legality of going to war. | 我重申了我对发动战争的合法性的立场 |
[1:27:51] | Which was? | 你的立场是 |
[1:27:53] | That it would not be lawful to use force | 没有安理会的新决议 |
[1:27:55] | without a new Security Council resolution. | 使用武力是不合法的 |
[1:27:59] | Um, did Goldsmith initially support your view? | 戈德史密斯最初支持你的立场吗 |
[1:28:05] | He did. | 是的 |
[1:28:06] | He told Blair that if military action were taken, | 他告诉布莱尔如果政府采取军事行动 |
[1:28:09] | he expected the government to be accused of acting unlawfully. | 他认为这种行为将被起诉为非法 |
[1:28:15] | And was that a written opinion? | 那是书面意见吗 |
[1:28:19] | It was a detailed advisory document. | 那是一份详细的咨询文件 |
[1:28:23] | Right, so then would that have been his position at the time | 那么2月3日凯瑟琳·冈恩打印科扎简报时 |
[1:28:26] | that Katharine Gun printed the Koza memo on February 3? | 他还是持这个立场吗 |
[1:28:33] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:28:36] | And then he went to Washington. | 然后他去了华盛顿 |
[1:28:39] | Oh, really? | 是吗 |
[1:28:41] | – Well, who did he meet there? – I wasn’t given details. | -他去见谁了 -我不知道具体情况 |
[1:28:47] | But after that trip, his opinion changed. | 但那次出行之后他的立场改变了 |
[1:28:50] | In nine short paragraphs, | 在短短的九段话中 |
[1:28:53] | he said that the UN’s authorization for the 1991 Gulf War | 他说联合国对1991年海湾战争的授权 |
[1:28:57] | could be reactivated | 可能会被重新启动 |
[1:28:59] | to legitimize a new war with Iraq. | 从而使对伊拉克的新战争合法化 |
[1:29:02] | He told the Prime Minister what he wanted to hear? | 他说了首相想听的话 |
[1:29:05] | At best, he was persuaded to support a really fringe point of view. | 说好听点他支持了一个非常边缘化的观点 |
[1:29:10] | – Oh, really fringe. – Yeah. | -非常边缘化 -是的 |
[1:29:19] | – Martin Bright. – Martin. | -我是马丁·布莱特 -马丁 |
[1:29:21] | – Ben. – Ben. | -我是本 -本 |
[1:29:22] | I took your whistleblower’s case. | 我接了你举报人的案子 |
[1:29:23] | Yes, I heard. Can I meet her? | 是的 我听说了 我能见见她吗 |
[1:29:26] | No, not yet, Martin. | 不行 现在还不行 马丁 |
[1:29:27] | I don’t want a media frenzy. | 我不想让媒体疯狂报道 |
[1:29:28] | Okay. When she’s ready. Before some hack tracks her down. | 我可以等 可是再晚她就被别人追踪了 |
[1:29:32] | Come on, Ben, I broke her story. | 拜托了本 我披露了她的故事 |
[1:29:33] | I’m on her side. | 我站在她那边 |
[1:29:34] | Well, you can help by finding out why the Attorney General | 你能打听到司法部长 |
[1:29:37] | went to Washington just before the war started. | 在战争开始前去华盛顿的原因吗 |
[1:29:40] | Wait, Goldsmith went to DC? | 等等 戈德史密斯去华盛顿了 |
[1:29:43] | I’d like to know who he met there. | 我想知道他去见了谁 |
[1:29:44] | Right. I’m on it. | 好的 我这就办 |
[1:29:46] | – And how is Peter? – Peter is in Iraq. | -皮特怎么样了 -皮特在伊拉克 |
[1:29:48] | Yeah, yeah, I know. I’ve been reading his articles. | 对对我知道 我一直在读他的文章 |
[1:29:50] | Listen, if he hears anything, even a hint | 如果他听到什么 哪怕是一点点 |
[1:29:53] | that Saddam really did have weapons of mass destruction, | 萨达姆确实拥有大规模杀伤性武器的消息 |
[1:29:56] | then please call me. | 请务必打电话告诉我 |
[1:29:57] | Of course. Can I ask why? | 没问题 我能问问为什么吗 |
[1:29:59] | Well, let’s just say that if WMD are found, | 这么说吧 如果找到大规模杀伤性武器 |
[1:30:01] | then defending Katharine will be a little more complicated. | 那么为凯瑟琳辩护就会有点麻烦 |
[1:30:04] | – I’ll get back to you. – All right, thank you. | -我再打给你 -好的谢谢 |
[1:30:06] | Okay. Thank you. Bye. | 好的 谢谢 再见 |
[1:30:10] | There’s thousands of inspectors here | 这里有成千上万的调查员 |
[1:30:11] | from the US Army, the British Army The CIA, FBI | 美国军队 英国军队 中情局 联邦调查局 |
[1:30:15] | And still nothing? | 什么都没找到吗 |
[1:30:17] | No, no, not a fucking thing. Nothing. | 狗屁都没找到 什么也没有 |
[1:30:20] | Anyway, some Polish troops found a cache of Sarin gas warheads | 一些波兰士兵发现了一些沙林毒气弹头 |
[1:30:23] | dating back to the Iran-Iraq War, but they were all empty. | 可以追溯到两伊战争 但它们都是空的 |
[1:30:25] | And right now, I’m standing in a glass factory | 现在我站在一个玻璃工厂里 |
[1:30:27] | and all they’ve found is piles of silica sand and soda ash. | 他们只发现了成堆的硅砂和苏打粉 |
[1:30:34] | So, yeah. | 就这样 |
[1:30:34] | Things must be getting ugly in Washington. | 华盛顿的局势一定很糟糕 |
[1:30:36] | Well, you should talk to Ed. | 你应该和艾德谈谈 |
[1:30:39] | Maybe we could end up doing a joint piece or something. | 也许我们最后可以来一次合作什么的 |
[1:30:43] | – Peter, what was that? – No, no, no. | -皮特那是什么声音 -没事没事 |
[1:30:45] | It’s just our guys detonating some conventional ordnance. | 只是我们的人在引爆一些常规武器 |
[1:30:48] | – They don’t wanna have… – Jesus. | -他们不想让 -天啊 |
[1:30:49] | …kids finding unexploded shit in the rubble. | 孩子们在废墟中发现未爆炸的废物 |
[1:30:52] | All right, talk soon. Take care. | 好的 回头再聊 保重 |
[1:30:54] | Yeah, all right, mate. Bye. | 好的 兄弟 再见 |
[1:30:57] | – February 11. – What? | -2月11日 -什么 |
[1:31:00] | Goldsmith’s in DC meeting with the attorneys | 戈德史密斯在华盛顿会见了 |
[1:31:03] | for Bush, Powell, Rumsfeld and Rice. | 布什 鲍威尔 拉姆斯菲尔德和赖斯的律师 |
[1:31:05] | – Okay, hold on… – But that’s not the big story. | -好的 等等 -但这不是大新闻 |
[1:31:07] | The really big story is the OSP. | 真正的大新闻是 OSP |
[1:31:10] | The Office of Special Plans. | 特别计划办公室 |
[1:31:12] | Turns out when Bush wasn’t getting the intelligence he wanted, | 原来当布什得不到他想要的情报时 |
[1:31:14] | Rumsfeld bypassed the CIA | 拉姆斯菲尔德绕过了中央情报局 |
[1:31:17] | and set up his own intelligence unit. | 建立了他自己的情报机构 |
[1:31:20] | They fed raw unvetted intelligence | 他们给布什和鲍威尔提供未经审核的情报 |
[1:31:22] | to Bush and Powell who lied us into a war! | 骗我们卷入了这场战争 |
[1:31:25] | Yeah. Okay, Ed. I appreciate that. | 好的 艾德 谢谢你提供的消息 |
[1:31:27] | But let’s, first, try and help | 但是首先 让我们试着去帮助 |
[1:31:29] | a young woman stay out of prison. | 那个年轻女人免受牢狱之灾 |
[1:31:30] | You said Goldsmith met Bush’s lawyers on February 11. | 你说戈德史密斯2月11号去见了布什的律师 |
[1:31:33] | Who were those lawyers? | 那些律师都有谁 |
[1:31:35] | “John Ashcroft, Alberto Gonzales, | 约翰·阿什克罗夫特 阿尔贝托·冈萨雷斯 |
[1:31:36] | William Taft, Jim Haynes, John Bellinger.” | 威廉·塔夫脱 吉姆·海恩斯和约翰·贝林格 |
[1:31:40] | The attorneys for Bush, Powell, Rumsfeld and Rice. | 他们是布什 鲍威尔 拉姆斯菲尔德和赖斯的律师 |
[1:31:43] | They really turned up the heat. | 他们真的是把事情闹大了 |
[1:31:46] | You know, I almost feel sorry for Goldsmith. | 我都有点可怜戈德史密斯了 |
[1:31:49] | Don’t. He fucking caved when his country needed him most. | 没必要 他的国家最需要他的时候他在哪 |
[1:31:52] | – That’s a great headline, mate. – It bloody is. | -这句话当标题不错 -是很不错 |
[1:31:54] | – All right. – Print it. | -好了 -印出来 |
[1:31:56] | – Yeah. Bye. – We’ll share the byline. | -好的 拜拜 -署咱们俩个人的名 |
[1:31:58] | Bye. | 拜 |
[1:31:59] | Nutter. | 疯子 |
[1:32:01] | Goldsmith was under tremendous pressure. | 戈德史密斯在去华盛顿之前 |
[1:32:03] | before he went to Washington. | 身上背负着很大的压力 |
[1:32:04] | Our military were refusing to invade | 我们的军队拒绝在没有 |
[1:32:06] | without a clear legal opinion from him | 明确的法律意见之前出兵 |
[1:32:07] | that what they were doing was legal | 如果没有他背书合法性 |
[1:32:09] | in case of a war crimes trial. | 他们可能会被指控犯下战争罪 |
[1:32:11] | Thank you, Martin, very helpful. | 谢谢你 马丁 很有帮助 |
[1:32:13] | Well, no, hang on, hang on, hang on. | 不是 等会 等会 |
[1:32:14] | Do you think you have a defense? | 你认为你们的辩护理由充分吗 |
[1:32:15] | – We’re working on it. – Okay. | -我们正在为此努力 -好吧 |
[1:32:17] | Let me know when you do. | 准备好了告诉我一声 |
[1:32:18] | You’ll hear it in court. | 开庭的时候你就能听到了 |
[1:32:19] | – Come on, Ben. – Bye. | -别这样 本 -再见 |
[1:32:20] | – He’s persistent. – He is. | -他还挺坚持 -是啊 |
[1:32:22] | But it’s your story | 但是这是你的事 |
[1:32:24] | and you don’t need a media trial. | 不需要媒体掺和 |
[1:32:26] | We should request | 我们应该要求 |
[1:32:27] | full disclosure of all legal advice given by Goldsmith | 全面披露戈德史密斯在入侵伊拉克前的 |
[1:32:30] | in the year leading up to the invasion. | 这一年间提出的所有法律建议 |
[1:32:33] | He’ll almost certainly refuse to comply. | 他绝对不会照做的 |
[1:32:35] | Then we’ll subpoena Wilmshurst. | 那我们就传唤威尔姆斯赫斯特 |
[1:32:37] | Hell, we’ll subpoena Goldsmith himself. | 不 我们就传唤戈德史密斯本人 |
[1:32:39] | And Blair too. | 还有布莱尔 |
[1:32:40] | Ben, if we can’t prove that Goldsmith changed his advice, | 本 如果我们不能证明戈德史密斯改变主意 |
[1:32:44] | we can’t argue | 我们就不能申辩 |
[1:32:45] | that Katharine tried to stop an illegal war. | 凯瑟琳是在试图阻止一场非法战争 |
[1:32:48] | What then? | 然后会怎样呢 |
[1:32:58] | – Then I’ll be found guilty. – Almost certainly, yes. | -我会被判有罪 -几乎可以这么肯定 |
[1:33:09] | So, do you want to risk it all | 所以 你愿意冒这个险 |
[1:33:12] | and ask for disclosure of the government’s documents, | 来要求公开政府文件 |
[1:33:17] | or would you rather plead guilty | 还是选择认罪 |
[1:33:19] | and hope for a reduced sentence? | 希望能够减轻罪行 |
[1:33:30] | I think… | 我觉得 |
[1:33:33] | …we were lied into an illegal war. | 我们被骗入了一场非法战争 |
[1:33:42] | Let’s ask for the documents. | 我们要求公开文件吧 |
[1:33:50] | All right. | 好吧 |
[1:34:22] | You ready? | 你准备好了吗 |
[1:34:23] | No statements now, remember. | 记住 现在不能发表任何言论 |
[1:34:25] | Let’s just get through those doors. | 穿过这几道门就可以了 |
[1:34:50] | – Katharine, you okay? – yeah. | -凯瑟琳 你还好吗 -嗯 |
[1:34:53] | Ben’s already in the courtroom | 本在法庭等你了 |
[1:34:54] | but he wanted you to meet Martin Bright. | 但他想让你见见马丁·布莱特 |
[1:34:57] | He’s covering the trial. | 他在报导这次审判 |
[1:34:59] | Katharine, it’s an honor. | 凯瑟琳 真荣幸 |
[1:35:01] | I’ll be in the press gallery. I hope that’s all right? | 我会在记者席 希望没关系吧 |
[1:35:04] | Yeah, yeah. You… | 当然 你 |
[1:35:06] | You took a real risk. | 你冒了很大的风险 |
[1:35:09] | No, you took the risk. | 不 是你在冒险 |
[1:35:11] | I think what you did was extraordinary. | 我认为你的所作所为非同寻常 |
[1:35:12] | I think what you expose is extraordinary. | 你所揭露的东西更是意义重大 |
[1:35:15] | All our institutions failed us. | 所有的机构都辜负了我们 |
[1:35:17] | The government, the intelligence services, | 政府部门 情报部门 |
[1:35:19] | the press, they failed us categorically. | 还有媒体 他们让我们失望至极 |
[1:35:22] | Even my own paper supported the war before that memo. | 甚至我自己的报社在这之前都在支持开战 |
[1:35:25] | Well, thank you for being here. | 谢谢你能出现在这 |
[1:35:26] | No, thank you. | 不 应该谢谢你才对 |
[1:35:28] | It’s important what you did. It matters. | 你做了一件非常重要的事 至关重要 |
[1:35:33] | – We should go in, Martin. – Yes. | -我们该进去了 马丁 -好的 |
[1:35:36] | Sorry, James. Yes. Be strong. | 抱歉 詹姆斯 加油 |
[1:35:42] | Katharine, you’re going that way. | 凯瑟琳 你要往那边走 |
[1:35:44] | Can I just have a moment? | 可以等我一下吗 |
[1:35:46] | – Of course. – Thanks. | -当然 -谢谢 |
[1:35:51] | You should leave that behind, ma’am. | 你得把那个留下 女士 |
[1:35:53] | Yeah, sorry, can I just have a second? Just… | 好的 抱歉 能稍微等一会吗 |
[1:36:06] | Janum? | 亲爱的 |
[1:36:08] | Hi. I’m about to go in. | 我要进去了 |
[1:36:15] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[1:36:18] | I love you too. | 我也爱你 |
[1:36:20] | I’m gonna try and call as soon as I can. | 我会尽快给你打电话的 |
[1:36:24] | I wish I was there with you. | 真希望我能陪着你 |
[1:36:29] | I know. | 我知道 |
[1:36:32] | I’m so sorry. | 抱歉 |
[1:36:33] | You have nothing to be sorry for. | 没什么需要抱歉的 |
[1:36:37] | I’m so proud of you. So proud of you. | 我为你骄傲 特别骄傲 |
[1:36:43] | Bye. | 拜 |
[1:36:46] | Bye. | 拜 |
[1:36:54] | Miss? | 女生 |
[1:36:56] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[1:36:58] | I can take your bag. | 我帮你拿包 |
[1:37:00] | – We’ll see you in there, okay? – Yeah. | -我们在里面见 好吗 -好 |
[1:37:34] | Your scarf and jacket, please. | 你的围巾和大衣 |
[1:37:42] | Okay, and then if you’ll raise your arms. | 好的 举起双手 |
[1:37:59] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:38:05] | She’s here. | 她在这 |
[1:38:07] | Right. Okay. | 好的 |
[1:38:09] | Judge is ready. | 法官在等了 |
[1:38:21] | Up you go. | 上去吧 |
[1:38:44] | Are you Katharine Teresa Gun? | 你是凯瑟琳·特蕾莎·冈恩吗 |
[1:38:47] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:38:48] | I’m sorry. Can you speak up, please? | 抱歉 能请你大声点吗 |
[1:38:52] | Yes, I am. | 是的 我是 |
[1:38:53] | Katharine Teresa Gun, | 凯瑟琳·特蕾莎·冈恩 |
[1:38:56] | you are charged with an offense | 你被起诉违反 |
[1:38:57] | contrary to Section 1, Subsection 1 | 1989年《官方机密法》 |
[1:39:00] | of the Official Secrets Act of 1989. | 第一条第一款 |
[1:39:04] | In that between January 30 and March 2 of 2003 | 在2003年1月30日到3月2日期间 |
[1:39:08] | you did knowingly and intentionally | 你知情并有意 |
[1:39:11] | disclose top secret intelligence information | 泄露国家机密情报信息 |
[1:39:14] | contrary to the said act. | 违背了上述法律规定 |
[1:39:16] | How do you plead? Guilty or not guilty? | 你如何辩护 有罪还是无罪 |
[1:39:22] | Ms. Gun? | 冈恩小姐 |
[1:39:27] | Not guilty. | 无罪 |
[1:39:33] | Yes, Mr. Ellison. | 艾利森先生 请发言 |
[1:39:39] | Yes, thank you, My Lord. | 谢谢法官大人 |
[1:39:42] | My Lord, in light of recent developments, | 法官大人 鉴于最近的事态发展 |
[1:39:46] | the prosecution will offer no evidence | 检方无法提供证据 |
[1:39:48] | against the defendant on this indictment. | 支持对被告的起诉 |
[1:39:52] | I beg your pardon? | 请再说一遍 |
[1:39:56] | My Lord, the prosecution will not pursue the indictment. | 大人 检方不会继续起诉被告 |
[1:40:00] | Today? | 今天吗 |
[1:40:02] | – No, My Lord. – I’m sorry. | -不是 法官大人 -不好意思 |
[1:40:04] | Are you asking for an adjournment, Mr. Ellison? | 艾利森先生 你是在要求休庭吗 |
[1:40:09] | No, my lord. | 不是的 大人 |
[1:40:10] | You are saying that you do not wish to proceed at all? | 你的意思是 彻底撤销此案吗 |
[1:40:15] | Yes, my lord. | 是的 大人 |
[1:40:17] | But the accused confessed. | 但是被告供认不讳 |
[1:40:20] | Yes, My Lord. | 是的 法官大人 |
[1:40:21] | And yet you do not wish to proceed? | 但是你们不想此案继续进行下去了 |
[1:40:24] | – No, my lord. – I’m sorry. | -是的 大人 -抱歉 |
[1:40:26] | I find that extraordinary. | 我觉得很奇怪 |
[1:40:28] | Do you care to explain? | 你能解释一下吗 |
[1:40:33] | My Lord, the accused submitted an unusual defense. | 大人 被告提出了非同寻常的辩护 |
[1:40:36] | Yes. The defense of necessity. | 是的 必要性辩护 |
[1:40:39] | – Yes. – And? | -是吗 -然后呢 |
[1:40:40] | And we do not believe we have sufficient evidence to rebut it. | 我们没有足够的证据反驳 |
[1:40:44] | Why not? She confessed. | 为什么呢 她都承认了 |
[1:40:46] | Because, My Lord, | 大人 因为 |
[1:40:47] | the documents that we have called for would show | 我们需要提供的文件中表明 |
[1:40:50] | that this country was taken to war illegally… | 这个国家被卷入了一场非法战争 |
[1:40:55] | …and may expose | 可能会使得 |
[1:40:57] | the government to charges of war crimes. | 政府背上战争罪 |
[1:41:01] | – That is absurd! – Is it? | -胡说八道 -是吗 |
[1:41:05] | Then kindly hand over the documents | 那就请把文件递交上来 |
[1:41:07] | that we have asked to see. | 我们请求看一下这份文件 |
[1:41:10] | My Lord, the prosecution is not obliged. | 大人 原告没有义务提交 |
[1:41:12] | Indeed, it is not permitted to continue with a case | 事实上 如果案件没有定罪的可能性 |
[1:41:15] | if it does not believe there is a realistic prospect of a conviction. | 那就不应该继续审理下去 |
[1:41:18] | To do so would be a waste of taxpayers’ funds. | 否则就是在浪费纳税人的钱 |
[1:41:20] | My Lord, I am thankful | 大人 我们十分感谢检方 |
[1:41:22] | that the charges against Ms. Gun are being withdrawn | 撤销对冈恩女士的起诉 |
[1:41:25] | and that the Crown is suddenly so determined | 以及皇家突然如此坚定地表示 |
[1:41:28] | not to waste taxpayers’ money. | 不想再浪费纳税人的钱了 |
[1:41:30] | But surely, | 但毫无疑问 |
[1:41:31] | after months of uncertainty and severe distress, | 经历了数月的不确定和艰难的处境 |
[1:41:35] | Ms. Gun is entitled to know | 冈恩女士有权知道 |
[1:41:37] | why the government is dropping this case? | 为什么政府要撤销这一案件 |
[1:41:40] | Indeed, the public is entitled to know. | 的确 公众有权知道 |
[1:41:44] | Hear, hear. Hear. | 附议 附议 |
[1:41:48] | Mr. Ellison? | 艾利森先生 |
[1:41:53] | Again, My Lord, we do not feel | 再说一遍 大人 我们觉得 |
[1:41:55] | we have a realistic prospect of a conviction. | 此案定罪的可能性不大 |
[1:41:57] | There is nothing more I can say. | 我没有其他可说的了 |
[1:42:01] | To be clear, | 确切的来说 |
[1:42:02] | you are withdrawing all charges | 你将撤销所有 |
[1:42:06] | against Katharine Teresa Gun? | 对凯瑟琳·特蕾莎·冈恩的起诉 是吗 |
[1:42:12] | Yes, My Lord. | 是的 大人 |
[1:42:24] | Ms. Gun… | 冈恩小姐 |
[1:42:31] | …you are free to go. | 你可以走了 |
[1:43:02] | 2010年 凯瑟琳泄露的那份简报里 戈德史密斯给托尼·布莱尔的提议被公诸于众 | |
[1:43:06] | 戈德史密斯明确表示 要是联合国安理会没有通过这项决议 那么这场战争就是不合法的 | |
[1:43:08] | In a startling about-turn, | 令人震惊的转折 |
[1:43:09] | the Crown Prosecution Service | 皇家检察署 |
[1:43:11] | has dropped its case against an intelligence… | 已经撤销了对该情报人员的起诉 |
[1:43:13] | At 29, Katharine Gun | 在29号 凯瑟琳·冈恩 |
[1:43:14] | was facing jail for breaking the… | 曾面临牢狱之灾 因为 |
[1:43:16] | The last thing the government wanted | 距离大选只剩几个月的时间 |
[1:43:18] | within months of a general election | 此时政府最不想看到的 |
[1:43:19] | was a big court case focusing on the legality of that war… | 就是一场关于战争合法性的大型庭审案件 |
[1:43:22] | The lawyers wanted the Attorney General’s | 律师们希望总检察长 |
[1:43:24] | 据估计 在伊拉克战争前四年中 伊拉克人民的死亡人数从15.1万上升到100万 | |
[1:43:25] | secret advice to Downing Street about whether | 就入侵伊拉克是否合法 |
[1:43:28] | invading Iraq was or was not legal disclosed that the… | 向唐宁街提供秘密建议 |
[1:43:31] | And he was involved in deciding whether today’s case… | 以及 他参与决定了今天的案子是否 |
[1:43:39] | First tonight, Katharine Gun walks free. | 就在今晚 凯瑟琳·冈恩被当庭释放 |
[1:43:42] | In a dramatic about-turn, the Crown… | 法庭上出现了戏剧性的反转 |
[1:43:44] | So did the Attorney General put pressure on to stop the trial? | 那么总检察长有没有施压要求停止审判呢 |
[1:43:48] | Did GCHQ? | 政府通讯总部有吗 |
[1:43:50] | Did the prime minister? No answers. | 首相有吗 没人知道 |
[1:43:52] | Tonight we’re simply asked to believe that | 今晚 我们只需要相信 |
[1:43:55] | there was no case to answer. | 检方没有充分证据 |
[1:44:00] | Would you do it again? | 要是再让你选一次 你还会这么做吗 |
[1:44:02] | – Would you do it again? – I have no regrets. | -还会这样做吗 -我没有遗憾 |
[1:44:04] | Yes, and I would do it again, yes. | 会的 我还是会那么做 |
[1:44:22] | Caught anything? | 有钓到什么吗 |
[1:44:25] | Not yet. | 还没 |
[1:44:40] | You know, it wasn’t my choice to prosecute. | 你知道的 起诉她并不是我的选择 |
[1:44:45] | I was bound by the decision of the Attorney General. | 我得听总检察长的 |
[1:44:50] | Why did you keep her in a state of distress | 那你为什么要在提起诉讼之前 |
[1:44:55] | for a year before you brought charges? | 让她担惊受怕那么久 |
[1:44:58] | The services wanted to make an example of her. | 政府想拿她做个典范 |
[1:45:02] | If we dropped the case any earlier, | 要是我们早早地放弃 |
[1:45:05] | what kind of message would that have sent? | 外界会怎么看我们 |
[1:45:13] | Do me a favor, Ken. | 帮我个忙 肯 |
[1:45:15] | Go and fish somewhere else. | 上其他地方钓去 |