英文名称:North By Northwest
年代:1959
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:16] | Even if you accept the belief that the high Trendex means a rising sales curve… | 即使很高的向线意味着增长 |
[02:20] | – Mr. Thornhill. – Good night. | -桑希尔先生 -晚安 埃迪 |
[02:22] | – Say hello to the missus. – We’re not talking. | -代我向你太太问好 -我们闹别扭了 |
[02:24] | My recommendation is still the same. | 我的建议不变 |
[02:26] | Spread the good word in as many small- time segments as we can. | 尽量在控制时间段内散布好消息 |
[02:29] | Let the opposition have their high ratings | 让对手获得高度评价吧 |
[02:31] | while we cry all the way to the bank. | 我们只要去银行诉苦 |
[02:34] | Why don’t we colonize at the Colony next week? | 下周我们一块吃午饭 |
[02:36] | Let me hear from you, Sam. Uh, happy thoughts, et cetera. | 萨姆 期待你的来信 祝你快乐 |
[02:39] | You better walk me to the Plaza. | 咱们走到大楼去 |
[02:40] | I didn’t put a coat on. | 我没有穿外套 |
[02:41] | Use your blood sugar, child. Come on. | 正好消耗血糖 孩子 快点 |
[02:44] | – Next? – Gretchen Sabinson. | -下面呢 -格雷琴·萨宾森 |
[02:45] | Oh, yes. Send her a box of candy from Blum’s, | 对了 送她一盒糖果 |
[02:48] | $10. You know the kind. | 10块钱 你知道的那种 |
[02:49] | Each piece wrapped in gold paper. She’ll like that. | 都包着锡纸的 她会喜欢的 |
[02:51] | She’ll think she’s eating money. | 她会以为是钱呢 |
[02:53] | Just say to her: | 告诉她 |
[02:54] | “Darling, I count the days, the hours…” | “亲爱的 我简直是每天每刻每秒” |
[02:56] | – You sent that one last time. – I did? | -你上次就是这么说的 -是吗 |
[02:58] | Well, put: | 那就说 |
[02:59] | “Something for your sweet tooth, baby, | “送给你甜蜜的牙齿 宝贝 |
[03:00] | and all your other sweet parts.” | 还有你身上甜蜜的一切” |
[03:02] | I know. | 我知道 |
[03:03] | Could we take a cab, Mr. Thornhill? | 我们不坐车去吗 桑希尔先生 |
[03:04] | – For two blocks? – You’re late and I’m tired. | -就为这么点路 -你迟了 我太累了 |
[03:06] | That’s your trouble, Maggie, | 这就是你的问题 马吉 |
[03:07] | you don’t eat properly. | 你不好好吃饭 |
[03:09] | Here. Taxi. | 过来这里 出租车 |
[03:11] | I have a very sick woman here. You don’t mind, do you? | 我这里有位女士得了重病你不介意吧 |
[03:14] | – Well, no. – Thank you very much. | -不介意 -多谢 |
[03:16] | Perfectly all right. | 太好了 |
[03:17] | – First stop, the Plaza. Don’t throw the flag. – Poor man. | -先到广场去 别回头看了 -真可怜 |
[03:21] | Oh, come, come, come. I made him a happy man. | 行了 这样他会很快乐 |
[03:23] | I made him feel like a good Samaritan. | 觉得自己是个大善人 |
[03:25] | He knew you were lying. | 他知道你在说谎 |
[03:27] | Ah, in the world of advertising, there’s no such thing as a lie. | 在广告界 没有说谎这回事 |
[03:31] | There’s only the expedient exaggeration. You ought to know that. | 只有”不得已的夸张”你应该知道的 |
[03:35] | – Say, do I look heavyish to you? – What? | -你觉得我胖了吗 -什么 |
[03:38] | I feel heavyish. | 我觉得胖了 |
[03:40] | Put a note on my desk in the morning: “Think thin.” | 早上在我桌上放张纸条 写着 “瘦下来” |
[03:42] | “Think thin.” | “瘦下来” |
[03:44] | – Better make it the 59th Street entrance. – Okay. | -司机 开到59街入口 -好的 |
[03:48] | Oh. Soon as you get back, call my mother. | 回办公室 给我妈打个电话 |
[03:50] | Remind her we’ve got those theater tickets for tonight. | 提醒她今晚我们看戏 |
[03:53] | Dinner at 21, 7:00. | 晚餐7:00钟 |
[03:55] | I’ll have had two martinis at the Oak Bar, | 我要先去橡木酒吧喝两杯 |
[03:57] | so she needn’t bother to sniff my breath. | 这样她就不用闻我的味了 |
[03:59] | – She doesn’t do that. – Sure she does. Like a bloodhound. | -她不会那么做 -会的 象猎狗一样 |
[04:02] | Bigelow at 10:30 is your first tomorrow, the Skin Glow rehearsal at noon… | 明天第一件事是10:30见比格娄 中午做预演 |
[04:05] | …then lunch with Falcon and his wife. | 然后和法尔肯夫妇吃午饭 |
[04:08] | – Oh, yeah. Where was that? – Larry and Arnold’s, 1:00. | -是在哪儿 -拉瑞诺 1:00 |
[04:10] | – Oh. – Will you check in later? | -噢 -你一会还回来吗 |
[04:12] | Absolutely not. | 当然不了 |
[04:15] | Here, driver, take this lady back where she belongs. | 司机 把女士送回上车的地方 |
[04:17] | – Right. – That ought to cover it. | -好的 -钱应该够了 |
[04:20] | – Don’t forget, call my mother right away. – I won’t. | -别忘了给我妈妈打电话 -好的 |
[04:23] | – Good night, Mr. Thornhill. – Good night, sweetie. | -晚安 桑希尔先生 -晚安 甜心 |
[04:28] | Oh, wait, Maggie. | 等一下 麦琪 |
[04:29] | You can’t call her. She’s at Mrs…. | 别打给她 她现在正在 |
[04:54] | – Good evening. – Good evening. | -晚上好 桑希尔先生 -晚上好 |
[04:55] | I’m looking for Mr. Weltner and two other gentlemen. | 我要找维尔特纳和另两位先生 |
[04:58] | Yes, sir. Right this way. | 好的 在这边 |
[05:01] | – Herman. – Roger. | -赫尔曼 -这是罗杰 |
[05:02] | – I’m a little late. – Roger Thornhill. | -我有点晚了 -罗杰·桑希尔 |
[05:04] | – Fanning Nelson. – How do you do? | -芬宁·内尔揣 -你好 |
[05:05] | – How do you do? – Larry Wade. | -你好 -拉瑞·韦德 |
[05:07] | – We got a little head start here. – Oh, that won’t last long. | -我们已经喝晕了 -我很快也会这样 |
[05:10] | I was telling Larry and Fanning | 我正跟拉里和芬宁说 |
[05:11] | you may be slow on starting but there’s nobody faster. | 你开始喝得慢 越喝越厉害 |
[05:15] | What’s the matter? You’ve got the fidgets. | 怎么回事 你看上去坐立不安 |
[05:17] | I just did something stupid. | 我刚才做了件蠢事儿 |
[05:18] | I told my secretary to call Mother. | 我让秘书给我妈妈打电话 |
[05:20] | I realized she won’t be able to reach her. | 可是她那儿没电话 |
[05:22] | – Why not? – She’s playing bridge at one of her cronies’. | -为什么 -她正和人打桥牌呢 |
[05:25] | – Your secretary? – No. My mother. | -你的秘书 -不 我妈妈 |
[05:28] | One of those new apartments. Wet paint and no telephone yet. | 建好的公寓油漆都没干 也没有电话 |
[05:31] | – George Kaplan. – Perhaps if I send her a telegram. | -乔治·卡普兰 -也许应该发个电报 |
[05:34] | – Mr. George Kaplan? – Boy. | -乔治·卡普兰先生 -孩子 |
[05:42] | – Kaplan. – I’ve got to get off a wire immediately. | -卡普兰 -我要马上发个电报 |
[05:44] | Could you send it for me if I write it out for you? | 如果在这儿写 能帮我发出去吗 |
[05:46] | Oh, I’m not permitted to do that, sir, but if you’ll follow me. | 我们不允许这样 先生 跟我来 |
[05:49] | – Oh. Will you excuse me, gentlemen? – Go right ahead. | -哦 失陪了 先生们 -没有关系 |
[05:55] | – Right through there, sir. – Yeah, thanks. | -您就从这儿过去 -谢谢 |
[05:57] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你 先生 |
[06:01] | Wait, what’s that supposed to be? | 你们要干什么 |
[06:03] | The car’s waiting outside. You will walk between us saying nothing. | 车在外边等 你走在我们中间 不许出声 |
[06:06] | – What are you talking about? – Let’s go. | -这是什么意思 -跟我们走 |
[06:09] | Let’s go where? Who…? Who are you? | 去哪儿 你 你们是谁 |
[06:12] | Mere errand boys carrying concealed weapons. | 我们手里有枪 |
[06:14] | His is pointed at your heart. | 正对着你的心脏 |
[06:16] | So, please, no errors of judgment, I beg of you. | 不要错误判断形势 |
[06:18] | What is this, a joke or something? | 这是干什么 开玩笑吗 |
[06:20] | – Yes, a joke. We will laugh in the car. – Come. | -是的 到车上再乐吧 -来 |
[06:24] | But this is ridiculous. | 这简直是荒唐 |
[06:46] | Don’t tell me where we’re going, surprise me. | 别告诉我去哪里 给个惊喜 |
[06:51] | You know, I left some friends back there in the Oak Bar. | 我的朋友在橡木酒吧等我 |
[06:54] | They’re going to think I’m awfully rude. | 他们会觉得我无礼 |
[06:56] | I mean, uh, couldn’t we stop off at a drugstore for a moment… | 能不能在商店停一下 |
[06:59] | …so that I could explain I’m being, uh, kidnapped? | 我好告诉他们我被绑架 |
[07:04] | Well, that is what’s happening, isn’t it? | 这应该算绑架 对吧 |
[07:15] | Locked. | 锁上了 |
[07:30] | Who’s Townsend? | 谁是唐森 |
[07:33] | Really? | 真的 |
[07:35] | Interesting. | 真有趣 |
[08:21] | – Where is he? – Upstairs, dressing. | -他在哪儿 -在楼上 换衣服 |
[08:23] | – Tell him I’m here. – The dinner guests are expected. | -告诉他是我 -晚餐的客人就要到了 |
[08:25] | Never mind that. Say to him: “Kaplan.” | 没关系 就说是卡普兰 |
[08:28] | By the way, what are we having for dessert? | 请问 吃什么甜点 |
[08:30] | – Is anyone in the library? – No. | -书房里有人吗 -没有 |
[08:32] | This way. | 这边请 |
[08:44] | You will wait here. | 你就呆在这儿 |
[08:46] | Well, don’t hurry. I’ll catch up on my reading. | 不着急 我会找些书看 |
[09:08] | 莱斯特·唐森 纽约格兰湾 贝伍德大街169号 | |
[09:31] | Good evening. | 晚上好 |
[09:56] | Not what I expected. A little taller. | 和想象不一样 高点儿 |
[10:00] | A little more polished than the others. | 比其他的要文雅 |
[10:03] | Oh, I’m so glad you’re pleased, Mr. Townsend. | 您满意我很高兴 唐森先生 |
[10:06] | But I’m afraid just as obvious. | 恐怕仅仅是外表不错 |
[10:10] | What the devil is all this about? Why was I brought here? | 搞什么名堂 带我来干什么 |
[10:15] | Games? Must we? | 玩游戏是吗 |
[10:19] | Not that I mind a case of abduction… | 我倒不在乎玩绑架 |
[10:21] | …but I have tickets for the theater this evening. | 可我买了今晚的戏票 |
[10:23] | To a show I was looking forward to. | 是我很想看的演出 |
[10:25] | And I get unreasonable about things like that. | 发生这种事我会变得不讲理的 |
[10:28] | With such expert play- acting, you make this very room a theater. | 演技真是超一流 你把这儿当剧场了 |
[10:33] | Oh, Leonard, have you met our distinguished guest? | 莱昂纳多 见过客人了吗 |
[10:38] | He’s a well- tailored one, isn’t he? | 穿的倒是很体面的 不是吗 |
[10:41] | My secretary is a great admirer of your methods, Mr. Kaplan. | 我的助手非常佩服你 卡普兰先生 |
[10:44] | – Elusiveness, however misguided… – Wait a minute. Wait, wait. | -很隐蔽而且很迷惑人 -等一下 |
[10:48] | – Did you call me “Kaplan”? – I know you’re a man of many names… | -你叫我卡普兰 -我知道你用过很多名字 |
[10:52] | …but I’m perfectly willing to accept your current choice. | 不过我尊重你现在的选择 |
[10:54] | Current choice? | 现在的选择 |
[10:56] | My name is Thornhill. Roger Thornhill. It’s never been anything else. | 我叫罗杰·桑希尔 没有别的名字 |
[10:59] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[11:01] | Your friends picked up the wrong package | 很显然 你的朋友们把我劫持到车里时 |
[11:04] | when they bundled me out here in the car. | 搞错了对象 |
[11:05] | Do sit down, Mr. Kaplan. | 请坐 卡普兰先生 |
[11:08] | I told you, I’m not Kaplan, whoever he is. I’m… | 我说了 我不是卡普兰 我管他是谁 |
[11:11] | – Excuse me. – Yes? | -对不起 -怎么了 |
[11:13] | The guests are here, dear. | 客人们都来了 |
[11:14] | Look after them. I’ll be with you in a few minutes. | 好好招待他们 我一会儿就过来 |
[11:19] | Now, shall we get down to business? | 直话直说怎么样 |
[11:21] | I’m all for that. | 完全赞成 |
[11:23] | Simply, I’d like you to tell me how much you know of our arrangements… | 你对我们的计划知道多少 |
[11:26] | …and how you’ve come by this information. | 还有得到消息的途径 |
[11:28] | – I don’t expect to get this for nothing. – Of course not. | -这些不会是凭空获得的 -当然不是 |
[11:31] | Don’t misunderstand, I don’t expect you to fall in with this suggestion… | 别误会 我不认为你会完全听从我 |
[11:35] | …but the least I can do is afford you the opportunity of surviving the evening. | 不过我在给你活过今晚的机会 |
[11:42] | What the devil is that supposed to mean? | 你们这是什么意思 |
[11:45] | Why don’t you surprise me, Mr. Kaplan, and say yes? | 为什么不给我个惊喜 卡普兰先生 对我说”好吧” |
[11:47] | – I’ve already told you… – We know where you’re headed for. | -我已经告诉过你 -我们知道你要去哪儿 |
[11:50] | I know where I’m headed. | 我也知道我要去哪儿 |
[11:52] | I’m headed for the Winter Garden Theater in New York, | 我要去纽约的冬季花园剧院 |
[11:54] | and I think I’d better get going. | 现在我必须走了 |
[12:04] | Townsend, you’re making a serious mistake. | 唐森 你在犯一个可怕的错误 |
[12:07] | This is not going to lead to a very happy conclusion, Mr. Kaplan. | 这样没有好处 卡普兰先生 |
[12:11] | – I’m not Kaplan. – I do wish you’d reconsider. | -我不是卡普兰 -希望你再想想 |
[12:14] | We also know your contact in Pittsburgh since Jason committed suicide. | 我们知道 自从杰森自杀以后 你在匹兹堡的联络人 |
[12:19] | What contact? I’ve never even been in Pittsburgh. | 什么联络人 我从来没去过匹兹堡 |
[12:23] | On June the 16th, you checked into the Sherwyn Hotel in Pittsburgh… | 6月16 你住进匹兹堡舍温饭店 登记为 |
[12:26] | …as Mr. George Kaplan of Berkeley, California. | 加利福尼亚伯克利的乔治·卡普兰 |
[12:29] | A week later, you registered at the Benjamin Franklin Hotel… | 一周后登记为匹兹堡的乔治·卡普兰 |
[12:33] | …as Mr. George Kaplan of Pittsburgh. | 住进费城富兰克林酒店 |
[12:34] | On August 11th, you stayed at the Statler in Boston. | 8月11日 是波士顿的斯塔德勒 |
[12:37] | August the 29th, George Kaplan of Boston | 8月29日 波士顿的乔治·卡普兰 |
[12:39] | registered at the Whittier in Detroit. | 住进了底特律的维蒂亚 |
[12:41] | At present, you are registered in room 796… | 现在作为底特律的卡普兰 |
[12:43] | …at the Plaza Hotel in New York as Mr. George Kaplan of Detroit. | 住纽约广场饭店796房间 |
[12:46] | – Really? – In two days… | -真的 -两天后 |
[12:48] | …you are due at the Ambassador East in Chicago. | 你会在芝加哥大使东区 |
[12:51] | And then at the Sheraton- Johnson Hotel in Rapid City, South Dakota. | 然后是南达科他的拉皮德市喜来登酒店 |
[12:55] | – Not me. – There’s very little sense… | -不是我 -再欺骗我们 |
[12:57] | …in maintaining that you’re deceiving us any more than we’re deceiving you. | 就没有意思了 你根本骗不了我们 |
[13:01] | I don’t suppose it would do any good to show you ID cards… | 看来让你们看证件也没有用 |
[13:04] | …a driver’s license, things like that? | 信用卡 驾驶执照 还有呢 |
[13:06] | They provide you with such good ones. | 他们给你做得很逼真 |
[13:09] | It’s getting late. I have guests. | 已经晚了 我还有客人 |
[13:12] | Do you intend to cooperate with us? I’d like a simple yes or no. | 你想不想合作 只要简单的说想还是不想 |
[13:16] | A simple no. | 当然是不想 |
[13:17] | For the simple reason I simply don’t know what you’re talking about. | 因为我不知你们说什么呢 |
[13:25] | Give Mr. Kaplan a drink, Leonard. | 给卡普兰先生一杯酒 莱昂纳多 |
[13:27] | A pleasant journey, sir. | 旅途愉快 |
[13:40] | Scotch? Rye? Bourbon? Vodka? | 威士忌 黑麦 波本 伏特加 |
[13:44] | Nothing. I’ll take a quick ride back to town. | 谢谢 我只想尽快回城里去 |
[13:47] | Oh, that has been arranged. | 已经安排好了 |
[13:49] | But first, a libation. | 不过首先 压压惊 |
[13:52] | Bourbon. | 来一杯波本 |
[13:54] | You drink it. I’ve had enough stimulation for one day. | 自己喝吧 我受的刺激太多了 |
[13:57] | It’ll be easier if you take this yourself. | 最好你自己喝下去 |
[13:58] | Otherwise, it’ll be necessary for us to insist. | 否则就得我们动手了 |
[14:15] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[15:05] | Don’t worry about me, fellas. I’ll take the bus. | 别担心我 朋友 我去坐巴士 |
[17:59] | Thanks for the lift, fellas. | 谢谢让我搭车 |
[18:01] | I want this man examined for driving while intoxicated. | 警长 他需要接受酒后驾车检查 |
[18:04] | – Really? – Yeah. | -是吗 -是的 |
[18:05] | You see, they tried to kill me. He won’t listen to me. | 他们想杀我 他根本不相信我 |
[18:09] | In a big house, they tried to kill me. | 在一所大房子里 他们想杀我 |
[18:12] | – All right, let’s just go inside. – I don’t wanna go inside. | -好了 我们进去吧 -我不想进去 |
[18:15] | – Somebody call the police. – Come on. Come on now. | -有人报警 -来吧 进来 |
[18:19] | Okay. | 好的 |
[18:28] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[18:31] | I don’t wanna sit. | 我不想坐下 |
[18:33] | Perfectly all right. See? | 我什么事都没有 明白么 |
[18:35] | We’ll get them. We’ll throw the book at them. Assault and kidnapping. | 要抓住他们 指控他们 袭击和绑架 |
[18:39] | Assault with a gun, and a bourbon, and a sports car. We’ll get them. | 用手枪 波本和赛车袭击 我们会抓住这帮坏蛋 |
[18:43] | You’ll be all right after a good night’s sleep. We got a nice cell all made up. | 你睡上一觉就会好的 我们准备了一间不错的牢房 |
[18:47] | – I don’t want a cell. I want a policeman. – The car was just reported stolen. | -我不要牢房我要警察 -那辆车刚刚被报失 |
[18:52] | A Mrs. Babson up on Twining Road. | 屯宁街巴伯森夫人 |
[18:55] | – I got to call someone. Where’s the phone? – You’re allowed one call. | -我得打个电话 电话在哪儿 -你可以打电话 |
[18:59] | – Over here. – Oh, thanks. | -这边 -谢谢 |
[19:02] | You better make it your lawyer. | 你最好给律师打 |
[19:05] | Butterfield 8-1-0-9-8. | 布特费尔德81098号 |
[19:07] | What am I, a telephone operator? | 难道我是接线员吗 |
[19:10] | Butterfield 8-1-0-9-8. | 布特费尔德81098号 |
[19:25] | Just a minute, please. Here. | 稍等一下 给你 |
[19:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:30] | Hello, Mother? | 妈妈 |
[19:33] | Mother, this is your son, Roger Thornhill. | 妈妈 是你儿子 罗杰·桑希尔 |
[19:38] | Wait a minute, I’ll find out. | 等一下 我来看看 |
[19:41] | – Where am I? – Glen Cove Police Station. | -我在哪儿 -格兰湾警察局 |
[19:44] | Glen Cove Police Station. | 格兰湾警察局 |
[19:49] | No. No, Mother, I have not been drinking. | 不 妈妈 我没喝酒 |
[19:51] | No. No, these two men, they poured a whole bottle of bourbon into me. | 不 有两个人拿酒灌我 |
[19:57] | No, they didn’t give me a chaser. | 他们没给我中和的饮料 |
[20:00] | No. | 不 |
[20:01] | Come on, let’s go. | 好了 我们走 |
[20:04] | – Wait, I’m not finished yet. – Yes, you are. Come on. | -等一下 还没有讲完 -你已经讲完了 |
[20:08] | Mother, I gotta go now. | 妈妈 我必须走了 |
[20:11] | Get my lawyer right away, and come out and bail me out. | 你立刻叫律师保我出去 |
[20:14] | Tomorrow morning, tell her. | 明天早上 告诉她 |
[20:16] | Tomorrow morning, he says. | 明天早上 他说 |
[20:19] | I don’t know. I’ll ask him. She wants to know who says. | 我不知道 我会问他的 她想知道是谁说的 |
[20:22] | Sergeant Emile Klinger. | 艾米尔·克林格警官 |
[20:24] | Sergeant Emile…. | 艾米尔警官 |
[20:26] | Emile? | 艾米尔 |
[20:29] | Sergeant Emile Klinger. | 艾米尔·克林格警官 |
[20:33] | No, I didn’t believe it either. | 不 我也不相信 |
[20:35] | Uh, I’m all right, Mother. Good night. Good night, dear. | 我没事 妈妈 晚安 晚安 亲爱的 |
[20:44] | That was Mother. | 是我的妈妈 |
[20:46] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[20:54] | Here’s your man, doctor. | 就是这个人 医生 |
[20:59] | – What’s your name? – Roger Thornhill. | -叫什么名字 -罗杰·桑希尔 |
[21:02] | Stick out your tongue and say “ah.” | 伸舌头 说”啊” |
[21:04] | You better move back. | 你最好后退点儿 |
[21:06] | Ah…. | 啊 |
[21:08] | Have you been drinking? | 你喝了酒吗 |
[21:09] | Doctor, I am gassed. | 医生 我被灌足了 |
[21:12] | What were you drinking? | 你喝的是什么 |
[21:13] | Well, bourbon. See, these two fellas, they… | 波本 那两个家伙 他们 |
[21:16] | – How much would you say you drank? – What did you say? | -你认为自己喝了多少 -你说什么 |
[21:18] | – How much would you say that you drank? – About this much. | -你认为自己喝了多少 -大概有这么多 |
[21:22] | Mr. Thornhill, it is my opinion that you are definitely intoxicated. | 桑希尔先生 结论是你处于迷醉状态 |
[21:26] | No question about it. | 废话 |
[21:27] | I am now gonna ask your permission to draw blood. | 而且我现在要求抽血 |
[21:30] | How disgusting. | 真是恶心 |
[21:31] | “You may refuse to permit a blood test to be made… | “你可以拒绝检查 |
[21:33] | …but if you do, your license will be revoked. | 但是驾照就要被吊销 |
[21:36] | You have the right to notify a physician of….” | 你也有权利指定医生” |
[21:38] | It was at this point that Mr. Thornhill succeeded in escaping… | 就在这个时候 桑希尔先生逃脱了 |
[21:41] | …from his would- be assassins, and when they gave chase… | 差点就被谋杀 当歹徒们追赶时 |
[21:45] | …he naturally had to drive as best he could under the, uh, circumstances. | 在这种危急状况下 他必须尽快地开车 |
[21:49] | Counselor, how long have you known your client? | 律师 你认识客户多长时间了 |
[21:52] | Seven years, Your Honor. | 7年了 法官 |
[21:53] | Do you know him to be a reasonable man? | 你觉得他是个正常人吗 |
[21:56] | Absolutely. | 当然了 |
[21:59] | – Mother. – And do you believe… | -妈妈 -你觉得 |
[22:00] | …there is some credence to this story? | 这个故事可信吗 |
[22:03] | – Credence? – Well, yes, Your Honor. | -可信 -是的 法官 |
[22:05] | I mean, if my client says this is what happened… | 如果客户这么说 |
[22:08] | – …I’m certain it must’ve happened. – You’re damn right. | -我当然这么认为 -说的太对了 |
[22:11] | Sergeant, I want this turned over to the county detectives for investigation. | 我把此案交县警探调查 |
[22:15] | Call them up and have them come here immediately. | 你叫他们立刻过来 |
[22:18] | – Right, Your Honor. – Counselor… | -好的 法官 -律师 |
[22:19] | …I’m going to set this over for final disposition… | 明晚7:30此案 |
[22:22] | …tomorrow night at 7:30. | 最后判决 |
[22:24] | At which time I expect you and the defendant to be here, ready to go to trial. | 希望你和被告在这儿 听从审判 |
[22:28] | In the meantime, the county detectives | 目前则由县里的警探 |
[22:30] | will determine if his story has any basis in fact. | 判定他的故事是否属实 |
[22:33] | “Basis in fact”? If I were brought in dead, you still wouldn’t believe… | “属实”就是把我的尸体抬来你还是不信 |
[22:36] | Roger, wait a minute. | 罗杰 等等 |
[22:38] | I mean, after all, Your Honor, would I make up such a story? | 庭上 难道我会编这么个故事吗 |
[22:41] | That is precisely what we’re intending to find out, Mr. Thornhill. | 这恰恰是我们要调查的 桑希尔先生 |
[23:03] | – Yes? – Remember me? | -何事 -记得我吗 |
[23:05] | – Yes, sir. – Good. | -是的 先生 -很好 |
[23:07] | – Is Mr. Townsend at home? – No, I’m sorry he’s left for the day, sir. | -唐森先生在吗 -他一天都在外边 |
[23:10] | Mrs. Townsend? | 唐森太太呢 |
[23:12] | – Who shall I say is calling? – County detectives. | -报谁的名字呢 -县里的警探 |
[23:15] | Come in, please. | 请进吧 |
[23:27] | This way, please. | 这边请 |
[23:39] | This is the room. | 就是这个房间 |
[23:40] | – I’ll call madam. – You do that. | -我去叫夫人 -你去吧 |
[23:42] | And here’s the sofa where they held me down. | 这是他们压住我的沙发 |
[23:44] | They spilled bourbon all over it. I’ll show you the stains. | 撒满了波本酒 我给你们看酒渍 |
[23:50] | Well, they must’ve cleaned them off. | 一定有人洗干净了 |
[23:53] | This is the cabinet where they keep the liquor. | 这是他们放酒的柜子 |
[23:55] | Scotch, gin, vodka…. | 威士忌 金酒 伏特加 |
[23:59] | And bourbon. | 还有波本 |
[24:03] | I remember when it used to come in bottles. | 那时候你一喝好几瓶呢 |
[24:09] | Roger, dear, we were so worried about you. | 罗杰 亲爱的 我们非常担心你 |
[24:14] | Did you get home all right? Of course you did. | 你顺利回了家吗 当然 |
[24:17] | Let me look at you. Oh, a little pink- eyed, but aren’t we all? | 让我看看 眼睛有点红 不过大家都是这样 |
[24:20] | It was a dull party. You didn’t miss a thing. | 昨天聚会没意思 一点也不遗憾 |
[24:23] | I want you all to know, I never saw this woman before last night. | 告诉你们大家 我从未见过这个女人 |
[24:28] | I’m Captain Junket of the Nassau County Detectives. | 唐森太太 我是拿骚县警探强克特探长 |
[24:30] | – This is Lieutenant Harding. – How do you do? | -这是哈丁警探 -你好 |
[24:33] | You haven’t gotten into trouble, Roger? | 你不是有麻烦吧 罗杰 |
[24:36] | – Stop calling me Roger. – Has he gotten into trouble? | -不许叫我罗杰 -他是不是遇到麻烦 |
[24:39] | Mr. Thornhill was picked up last night driving under the influence of alcohol… | 昨晚桑希尔先生酒后驾驶被抓 |
[24:43] | – …and incidentally, in a stolen car. – Stolen car? | -而且是辆失窃的车 -失窃的车 |
[24:46] | Belonging to Mrs. Babson of Twining Road. | 特温宁大街巴伯森夫人的车 |
[24:48] | Roger, you said you were going to call a cab. | 罗杰 你说要去坐记程车的 |
[24:51] | You didn’t borrow Laura’s Mercedes? | 你没借劳拉的梅塞德斯吗 |
[24:54] | No, I didn’t borrow Laura’s Mercedes. | 不 我没借劳拉的梅塞德斯 |
[24:56] | Mr. Thornhill told us | 桑希尔先生告诉我们 |
[24:57] | that he was brought to this house against his will last night… | 他昨晚是被强迫带到这里来的 |
[25:01] | …and, uh, forcibly intoxicated by some friends of your husband… | 您丈夫的朋友硬行灌醉他 |
[25:04] | …and set out on the road. | 然后把他扔在路边 |
[25:06] | – Do you know anything about this? – Well, now, captain… | -你是否知道此事 -警长 |
[25:08] | …Roger was a bit tipsy when he arrived here by cab for dinner. | 罗杰昨天来时候已经醉了 |
[25:11] | She’s lying. | 她在说谎 |
[25:13] | And I’m afraid he became even worse… | 晚一些的时候 |
[25:15] | …as the evening wore on. | 醉意更浓 |
[25:16] | Finally, he told us he had to go home to sleep it off. | 最后 他说要回家睡觉 |
[25:19] | Oh, I knew I should’ve served dinner earlier. | 我应该早些开始晚餐 |
[25:22] | What a performance. | 表演真是太精彩了 |
[25:24] | Mrs. Townsend, does the name George Kaplan mean anything to you? | 唐森太太 您听说过乔治卡·普兰吗 |
[25:27] | George Kaplan? | 乔治·卡普兰 |
[25:29] | – No. – I didn’t think so. | -没有 -我也这么想 |
[25:32] | Where’s her husband? He’s the one you should be questioning. | 她丈夫在哪里 应该问他 |
[25:35] | – Is there any place he can be reached? – Why, yes. The United Nations. | -可以找到他吗 -可以 联合国 |
[25:40] | United Nat…? | 联合 |
[25:41] | He’s addressing the General Assembly this afternoon. | 今天下午他要在将军府发表演讲 |
[25:46] | All right. So he’s addressing the General Assembly. | 好吧 既然他要演讲 |
[25:48] | – Sorry we had to bother you. – No bother at all. | -很抱歉打扰您 -不要客气 |
[25:54] | Now, wait a minute. | 给我等一下 |
[26:02] | Will you be wanting to get in touch with my husband? | 你们还想找我丈夫吗 警长 |
[26:05] | No, Mrs. Townsend, that won’t be necessary. | 不 唐森太太 没必要了 |
[26:07] | You mean you’re not gonna do any more about this? | 你是说你不再调查了吗 |
[26:09] | Roger. Pay the two dollars. | 付两块钱[罚款]吧 |
[26:29] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[26:57] | I don’t see why you want me along. | 不明白为什么叫我来 |
[26:59] | You lend a certain air of respectability. | 因为您令人尊敬 |
[27:01] | Don’t be sarcastic, Roger. | 嘴别太损了 罗杰 |
[27:14] | There you are, dear. Park yourself there. | 就是这儿 呆在这儿 |
[27:17] | Well, here goes. Ahem. | 现在开始 |
[27:19] | Hello, Operator. Have you got a George Kaplan staying here? | 接线员 请问 这里有一位乔治·卡普兰先生吗 |
[27:25] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[27:26] | You have? | 有吗 |
[27:28] | Room 796? | 796房间 |
[27:30] | Ring it, will you please? | 帮我接通那儿 |
[27:32] | You see? | 你看 |
[27:33] | I see. I hope he clears up this silly business. | 我知道 你赶快弄清楚这事 |
[27:35] | – You’re ruining my whole day. – Shh, shh. All right. Quiet. Shut up. | -我一天都被你浪费了 -嘘 闭嘴 |
[27:39] | Oh. Well, did he leave word when he’d be back? | 他说什么时候回来了吗 |
[27:43] | Really? | 是吗 |
[27:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:47] | Well, that’s odd. He hasn’t answered his telephone in two days. | 真奇怪 他两天没接电话了 |
[27:50] | Maybe he got locked in the bathroom. | 也许被锁在洗手间里了 |
[27:52] | Mother, do me a favor, will you? | 妈妈 帮个忙好吗 |
[27:54] | Put on that innocent look you do so well | 装出你那种天真而甜蜜的笑容 |
[27:56] | and go to the desk and get the key to 796. | 去拿796房间的钥匙 |
[27:58] | Don’t be ridiculous. I wouldn’t do such a thing. | 别荒唐 我不干 |
[28:01] | – Ten dollars? – Not for all the money in the world. | -10块钱 -多少钱都不行 |
[28:03] | – Fifty? – Roger, you are disgraceful. | -50块 -罗杰 你真让人丢脸 |
[28:10] | Car theft, drunk driving, assaulting an officer, lying to a judge. | 偷车 酒后驾车 袭击警卫 欺骗法官 |
[28:15] | And now, housebreaking. | 现在又乱闯房间 |
[28:16] | You’re hotel- breaking. There’s a difference. | 是闯酒店 这有区别 |
[28:19] | – Of five to ten years. – Just a minute, please. | -能判你5到10年 -请稍等一下 |
[28:24] | Will you want me to be changing your bedding, sir? | 需要换床单吗 |
[28:26] | Yes. Well, but not right now. | 是的 但是现在不要 |
[28:28] | I mention it, because the bed doesn’t seem like it’s been slept in… | 我不过问问 因为看来床没人睡过 |
[28:32] | …and I was wondering if I ought to go on changing the linens. | 我只不过想换一些亚麻布 |
[28:34] | – Oh. Thank you for your interest. – You’re welcome, sir. | -谢谢您的关心 -不客气 |
[28:38] | Come on, now. | 进来吧 |
[28:43] | Now, she seemed to think I’m Kaplan. | 看来她认为我是卡普兰 |
[28:46] | I wonder if I look like Kaplan. | 是不是我真的象卡普兰 |
[28:59] | – Oh, well, look who’s here. – Who? Where? | -看看是谁在这儿 -谁 在哪儿 |
[29:01] | Our friend who’s assembling the General Assembly this afternoon. | 那位今天要演讲的朋友 |
[29:05] | Roger, I think we should go. | 罗杰 我们该走了 |
[29:07] | – Don’t be nervous. – I’m not nervous. | -不要太紧张 -不是紧张 |
[29:09] | – I’ll be late for the bridge club. – Good. You will lose less than usual. | -我打桥牌要迟到了 -那样你会少输一些 |
[29:28] | Bulletin, Kaplan has dandruff. | 告诉你 卡普兰有头皮屑 |
[29:31] | In that case, I think we should leave. | 我认为应该离开 |
[29:33] | Too late. | 太晚了 |
[29:39] | – You rang for me, sir? – Yes. Come in a moment. | -您叫我吗 -是的 请进来 |
[29:43] | – What’s your name? – Elsie, sir. | -您叫什么名字 -爱尔西 先生 |
[29:47] | – Elsie, do you know who I am? – You’re… You’re Mr. Kaplan. | -爱尔西 你认识我吗 -您是卡普兰先生 |
[29:51] | Well, when did…? When did you first see me? | 你最早什么时候见到我的 |
[29:54] | Outside the door. | 门外 |
[29:56] | Out in the hall, a couple of minutes ago. Don’t you remember? | 过道里 才几分钟前 您不记得了吗 |
[29:59] | And that’s the first time you laid eyes on me? | 那是第一次你看到我吗 |
[30:02] | Can I help it if you’re never around, Mr. Kaplan? | 因为您从来都不在呀 卡普兰先生 |
[30:04] | Well, then, how do you know I am Mr. Kaplan? | 你怎么知道我是卡普兰先生 |
[30:06] | – What? – How do you know I’m Mr. Kaplan? | -什么 -你怎么知道我是卡普兰先生 |
[30:08] | Well, of course you are. This is room 796, isn’t it? | 您当然是呀 这是796房间 不是吗 |
[30:12] | So you’re the gentleman in room 796, aren’t you? | 而您是796房间的客人呀 |
[30:16] | All right, Elsie, thanks. | 好的 爱尔西 谢谢 |
[30:17] | – Will that be all, sir? – For the time being, yes. | -没别的事吗 先生 -目前没有了 |
[30:26] | Valet. | 衣服 |
[30:27] | Oh, yes, come in. | 好的 请进 |
[30:30] | Should I hang it in the closet, Mr. Kaplan? | 要挂起来吗 卡普兰先生 |
[30:32] | Yes, please. | 是的 谢谢 |
[30:39] | Tell me, uh…. | 告诉我 |
[30:41] | I forgot, what time did I give you that suit? | 我什么时候把衣服给你的 |
[30:44] | Last night, around, uh…. | 昨晚 大约 |
[30:46] | – Around 6. – Oh. | -大约6:00 -哦 |
[30:47] | – Did I give it to you personally? – Personally? | -我本人给你的吗 -本人 |
[30:50] | No. You called down on the phone and described the suit to me… | 不 你给我们打电话 说了是哪件 |
[30:53] | …and said it would be hanging in your closet. Like you always do. | 而且在衣柜里 您一直是这样的 |
[30:57] | – Anything wrong? – No, no, just curious. | -有问题吗 -不 只是好奇 |
[31:00] | – Here. Thanks. – Thank you. | -小费 谢谢 -谢谢 |
[31:02] | Nice to meet you, Mr. Kaplan. | 很高兴遇见你 卡普兰先生 |
[31:08] | Isn’t that the damnedest thing? | 太令人奇怪了 |
[31:10] | I’m beginning to think that no one in the hotel has actually seen Kaplan. | 我开始认为整个酒店没人见过卡普兰 |
[31:14] | Maybe he has his suits mended by invisible weavers. | 也许他的西装带隐形功能 |
[31:23] | Let me see something. | 我们看一看 |
[31:31] | I don’t think that one does anything for you. | 它一点都不合你的身 |
[31:39] | Ah, now, that’s much better. | 这样好多了 |
[31:41] | Now, obviously they’ve mistaken me for a much shorter man. | 他们把我误认成一个矮子了 |
[31:49] | – Should I? – Certainly not. | -我接吗 -当然不了 |
[31:53] | Here, hold that, dear. | 你拿着 |
[31:57] | Hello. | 喂 |
[31:59] | It’s good to find you in, Mr. Kaplan. | 很高兴找到您 卡普兰先生 |
[32:01] | Who is this? | 你是谁 |
[32:03] | We met only last night, and still you do not recognize my voice. | 昨晚才见过 您就听不出我的声音 |
[32:06] | I should feel offended. | 我可不太高兴了 |
[32:08] | Yes, I know who you are, and I’m not Mr. Kaplan. | 我知道你是谁了 可我不是卡普兰 |
[32:12] | Of course not. You answer his telephone, you live in his hotel room… | 当然不是 您接他电话 住他的房间 |
[32:16] | …and yet you are not Mr. Kaplan. | 而您却不是卡普兰 |
[32:18] | Nevertheless, we are pleased to find you in. | 反正我们很高兴找到您 |
[32:21] | Now, wait… | 等一下 |
[32:24] | – Hello, Operator? Operator. – Yes? | -接线员吗 -何事 |
[32:26] | Operator, this is Mr. Thorn… Kaplan in 796. | 接线员 这里是桑 796房卡普兰 |
[32:30] | That call. Was that an outside call or did it come from the lobby? | 刚才那个电话从哪儿打的 是外面打的还是从大堂 |
[32:33] | – Just a minute, sir. I’ll see. – Well, hurry, please. | -请等一下 我去查查 -快一点 |
[32:36] | Who was it? | 那是谁 |
[32:37] | One of the men who tried to kill me last night. | 昨晚想杀我的人中的一个 |
[32:39] | – We’re back to that one, are we? – Hello? Operator? | -还是那件事啊 -喂 接线员 |
[32:42] | – Mr. Kaplan? – Yes. | -卡普兰先生 -是的 |
[32:43] | That call was made from the lobby, sir. | 那个电话是从大堂打的 先生 |
[32:46] | It was? | 是吗 |
[32:47] | They’re probably on their way up here now. | 他们可能要上来了 |
[32:49] | – Come on. Let’s get out of here. – I think I’d like to meet these killers. | -快走 -我倒想见见这些杀手 |
[33:37] | You gentlemen aren’t really trying to kill my son, are you? | 你们真的要杀我儿子 |
[34:04] | Lobby, please. Watch your step. | 大堂到了 请慢走 |
[34:07] | Oh, no, gentlemen, please. Ladies first. Come along, ladies. | 绅士们 女士优先 |
[34:10] | That’s right. Come along. Good. | 来吧 女士们 对了 |
[34:12] | Roger. Roger, will you be home for dinner? | 罗杰 你会回家吃晚饭吗 |
[34:20] | – Where to? – I don’t know. Just keep going. | -去哪儿 -不知道 开车就是了 |
[34:38] | – Take me to the United Nations. – Right. | -到联合国会议楼 -好的 |
[34:41] | General Assembly Building. | 将军府 |
[34:42] | – Right. – I’m being followed. Can you do anything? | -好的 -有人跟踪我 有办法吗 |
[34:46] | – Yes, I can. – Do it. | -是的 我有 -那就快点 |
[35:20] | – May I help you, sir? – Yes, please. | -需要帮助吗 先生 -是的 |
[35:22] | Where will I find Mr. Lester Townsend? | 在哪里能找到莱斯特·唐森 |
[35:24] | Mr. Lester Townsend of UNIPO? | 联合国大会的莱斯特·唐森 |
[35:27] | – Yes. – And did you have an appointment, sir? | -嗯 -你们事先约好了吗 |
[35:30] | Well, yes, yes. He expects me. | 哦 是的 他正在等我 |
[35:32] | Your name, please. | 请问您的姓名 |
[35:33] | – My name? – Yes, please. | -姓名 -是的 请 |
[35:36] | Kaplan. George Kaplan. | 卡普兰 乔治·卡普兰 |
[35:40] | One moment, please. | 请等一下 |
[35:47] | Wait for me at the corner of 47th. | 到47街的拐角等我 |
[35:57] | If you’ll give this to one of the attendants in the public lounge, she’ll page him. | 把这个给服务员 她会帮您 |
[36:01] | – Thank you very much. – You’re welcome, Mr. Kaplan. | -非常感谢 -不要客气 卡普兰先生 |
[36:16] | Mr. Bernardi of the Swiss Observers Office. | 瑞士调查局的伯纳德先生 |
[36:20] | Mr. Bernardi of the Swiss Observers Office. | 瑞士调查局的伯纳德先生 |
[36:26] | Will you page Mr. Lester Townsend, please? | 找一下莱斯特·唐森先生 |
[36:29] | Certainly, Mr. Kaplan. | 好的 卡普兰先生 |
[36:31] | Mr. Townsend of UNIPO. Mr. Townsend of UNIPO. | 联合国的唐森先生 大会的唐森先生 |
[36:34] | Please call at the communications desk of the public lounge. | 请到信息联络台来 |
[36:39] | Mr. Townsend of UNIPO. | 联合国的唐森先生 |
[36:41] | Please call at the communications desk of the public lounge. | 请到信息联络台来 |
[36:45] | Miss Knox of salon…. | 沙龙的诺克斯小姐 |
[36:47] | You paged me? | 您叫我吗 |
[36:48] | – Mr. Kaplan? – Yes. | -卡普兰先生 -是的 |
[36:50] | – You wanted to see Mr. Townsend. – Yes. | -您找唐森先生 -是的 |
[36:52] | – This is Mr. Townsend. – How do you do, Mr. Kaplan? | -这就是唐森先生 -您好 卡普兰先生 |
[36:56] | – This isn’t Mr. Townsend. – Yes, it is. | -这不是唐森先生啊 -就是我 |
[37:00] | There must be some mistake. Mr. Lester Townsend? | 一定搞错了 莱斯特·唐森吗 |
[37:02] | That’s me. What can I do for you? | 就是我 有什么事 |
[37:05] | Mr. Mauney, Delegation of Pakistan. Please call the public lounge. | 巴基斯坦代表团的莫尼先生 请到信息联络台来 |
[37:09] | Are you the Townsend who lives in Glen Cove? | 您住在格兰湾的唐森吗 |
[37:11] | That’s right. Are we neighbors? | 是的 我们是邻居吗 |
[37:14] | A large, red- brick house with a curved, tree- lined driveway? | 一座大红砖房车道两边有树 |
[37:17] | That’s the one. | 说的没错 |
[37:20] | Were you at home last night, Mr. Townsend? | 昨晚您在家吗 唐森先生 |
[37:22] | – You mean in Glen Cove? – Yes. | -你是说格兰湾 -是的 |
[37:23] | I’ve been staying in my apartment in town for the last month. | 这个月我住在城里 |
[37:26] | I always do when we’re in session here. | 开会时我都这样 |
[37:29] | What about Mrs. Townsend? | 唐森夫人呢 |
[37:31] | My wife has been dead for many years. | 已经过世很多年了 |
[37:33] | – Oh, I… – Now, Mr. Kaplan, what’s this all about? | -对不起 -卡普兰先生 这到底是怎么回事 |
[37:36] | Forgive me. Who are those people living in your house? | 冒昧问一下 您房子里住的是什么人 |
[37:38] | What people? The house is completely closed up. | 什么人 房子完全封闭了 |
[37:42] | Just the gardener and his wife living on the grounds. | 只有园丁和他的妻子住 |
[37:44] | Now, Mr. Kaplan, suppose you tell me who you are and what you want. | 卡普兰先生 你是谁 有什么事 想干什么 |
[37:51] | Look. Do you know this man? | 你认识此人吗 |
[38:02] | Look! | 看啊 |
[38:08] | He’s got a knife. Look out! | 他有刀 当心 |
[38:09] | Listen to me. I had nothing to do with this. | 听我说 和我无关 |
[38:12] | – Call the police. – Wait a minute. Don’t come nearer. | -去报警 -别再靠近了 |
[38:15] | Get back. | 后退 |
[38:35] | “The photograph has been identified as that of Roger Thornhill… | “照片经指认是罗杰·桑希尔 |
[38:39] | …a Manhattan advertising executive, | 曼哈顿广告公司的主管 |
[38:41] | indicating that the name of George Kaplan… | 自称乔治·卡普兰 |
[38:43] | …which he gave to an attendant in the General Assembly Building was false. | 他在将军府告诉服务员的名字是假名 |
[38:49] | A possible motive for the slaying was suggested by the discovery… | 杀人动机可能是这样的 |
[38:53] | …that earlier today, Thornhill appeared at Glen Cove police court… | 早些时候 桑希尔在格兰湾警署 |
[38:57] | …charged with drunk driving with a stolen car. | 被指控酒后驾驶被盗车 |
[39:01] | In his defense, he charged that the murder victim, Mr. Townsend… | 申辩中他指控死者唐森在前晚 |
[39:04] | …had tried to kill him the night before.” | 企图要杀他” |
[39:07] | – Brother. – What about that? | -完了 -这是什么状况 |
[39:11] | Does anyone know this Thornhill? | 谁知道这个桑希尔吗 |
[39:14] | – No, not me. – Never heard of him. | -不 不知道 -从没听说过 |
[39:16] | Professor? | 教授呢 |
[39:18] | Apparently, the poor sucker got mistaken for George Kaplan. | 他被误认成乔治·卡普兰 |
[39:22] | How can he get mistaken for George Kaplan when he doesn’t even exist? | 乔治·卡普兰根本不存在 他怎么会被误认呢 |
[39:25] | Don’t ask me how it happened. Obviously, it happened. | 不用问 这已经发生了 |
[39:28] | Vandamm’s men must have grabbed him and tried to put him away… | 一定是梵丹的人想杀他 |
[39:33] | …using Lester Townsend’s house. | 用的是莱斯特·唐森的房子 |
[39:34] | The unsuspecting Mr. Townsend winds up with a stray knife in his back. | 不知情的唐森却挨了一刀 |
[39:41] | So horribly sad. How is it I feel like laughing? | 这应该令人悲伤 而我却想笑 |
[39:44] | What are we going to do? | 现在对他怎么办呢 |
[39:45] | Do? | 谁 |
[39:47] | About Mr. Thornhill. | 那个桑希尔先生 |
[39:49] | We, uh…. | 我们 |
[39:51] | We do nothing. | 什么都不做 |
[39:53] | – Nothing? – That’s right. Nothing. | -不做 -没错 静观其变 |
[39:56] | Or we could congratulate ourselves on a marvelous stroke of good fortune. | 我们应该庆祝好运 |
[40:01] | Our non- existent decoy, George Kaplan, created to divert suspicion… | 本来不存在的诱饵乔治·卡普兰 是为了转移视线 |
[40:05] | …from our actual agent, has fortuitously become a live decoy. | 以掩护我们真正的情报员 现在他成了活的诱饵了 |
[40:09] | Yes, professor. And how long do you think he’ll stay live? | 是的 教授 您认为他还能活多久 |
[40:14] | Well, that’s his problem. | 那是他的问题了 |
[40:16] | – What Mrs. Finley means, is… – Oh, I know what she means. | -芬利小姐意思是 -我知道她的意思 |
[40:19] | We can’t sit back calmly and wait to see who kills him first. | 我们不能坐视不管 等着看谁先把他杀掉 |
[40:23] | Vandamm and company or the police. | 梵丹那伙人或是警察 |
[40:26] | What can we do to save him without endangering our own agent? | 要救他的话 我们的情报员不就危险了吗 |
[40:30] | Aren’t we being just a wee bit callous? | 是不是有点太残忍了 |
[40:32] | No, my dear woman, we’re not being callous. | 不 我们并不残忍 |
[40:35] | We didn’t invent our nonexistent man | 我们假造出一个不存在的人 |
[40:38] | and give him the name of George Kaplan… | 起名叫乔治·卡普兰 |
[40:40] | …and establish elaborate behavior patterns for him… | 还精心制造出一种行为模式 |
[40:43] | …and move his prop belongings in and out of hotel rooms… | 把东西在酒店里搬进搬出的 |
[40:46] | …for our own private amusement. | 不是为了好玩 |
[40:48] | We created George Kaplan… | 我们假造乔治·卡普兰这个人 |
[40:50] | …and labored successfully to convince Vandamm… | 让梵丹相信 |
[40:53] | …that this was our own agent hot on his trail for a desperately important reason. | 这就是情报员 是为了非常重要的原因 |
[40:57] | – Check. – Nobody’s denying that! | -明白吗 -没有人否认这点 |
[40:59] | Very well, then. | 那就对了 |
[41:01] | If we make the slightest move to suggest there is no such agent as George Kaplan… | 如果我们透露出没有乔治·卡普兰这个特工 |
[41:05] | …give any hint to Vandamm that he’s pursuing a decoy… | 让梵丹怀疑那是诱饵 |
[41:08] | …instead of our own agent… | 而不是我们的特工 |
[41:10] | …then our agent, working right under Vandamm’s very nose… | 那么真正在梵丹眼前工作的特工 |
[41:14] | …will immediately face suspicion, exposure… | 就会马上被暴露 |
[41:17] | …and assassination. | 然后被杀害 |
[41:20] | Like the two others who went before. | 就象以前的两位 |
[41:22] | Goodbye, Mr. Thornhill, wherever you are. | 再见 桑希尔 不管你在哪儿 |
[41:31] | New York Central Railroad, train number 25… | 纽约中央铁路 25号火车 |
[41:37] | …the 20th Century Limited… | 20世纪限速车 |
[41:41] | …due to leave at 6 p.m. for Chicago… | 下午六点 开往芝加哥 |
[41:46] | – …will depart from plank number 30. – Yes. Yes, dear. I know. | -驶离30号站台 -是的 亲爱的 我知道 |
[41:52] | Now, listen to me, Mother, I beg you. I called the Plaza. | 听我说 妈妈 求你了 我打给广场饭店 |
[41:56] | Kaplan checked out. He went to the hotel Ambassador East in Chicago. | 卡普兰去了芝加哥大使东区 |
[41:59] | Yes, that’s why I’m… | 所以我 |
[42:01] | Well, I can’t go to the police. At least not yet. | 我不能去警署 起码现在不能 |
[42:04] | You saw the newspapers. My fingerprints are on the knife… | 您看到报纸了 我的指纹留在刀上了 |
[42:07] | …I’m a car thief, a drunk driver, and I murdered a man for revenge. | 我是个偷车贼 还酒后驾车 为了报复而杀人 |
[42:10] | I wouldn’t have a chance. | 我已经洗不清了 |
[42:12] | And I won’t have, until I find George Kaplan | 不找到卡普兰我不罢休 |
[42:13] | who obviously knows what this is all about. | 他肯定知道这是怎么回事 |
[42:16] | No, dear, the train. It’s safer. | 不 火车 安全一点 |
[42:19] | Well, because there’s no place to hide on a plane if anyone should recognize me. | 在飞机上被认出来 我连藏的地方都没有 |
[42:24] | You want me to jump off a moving plane? | 您是让我跳飞机吗 |
[42:27] | Yes. Well, thank you so much, Mother. Yeah, well, goodbye. | 好的 太感谢您了 妈妈 再见 |
[42:34] | Attention, please. | 请注意 |
[42:37] | New York Central Railroad, train number 25… | 纽约中央铁路 25号火车 |
[42:43] | …the 20th Century Limited… | 20世纪限速车 |
[42:47] | …due to leave at 6 p.m. | 下午六点发车 |
[43:08] | Yeah. | 什么事 |
[43:09] | Uh, give me a bedroom on the 20th Century, please. | 我要20世纪号的卧铺票 |
[43:12] | It’s leaving in five minutes. | 还有5分钟就要开了 |
[43:14] | – Yes, I know. Could you make it snappy? – I think they’re all sold out. | -知道 所以请你快点 -卧铺票卖完了 |
[43:17] | – Sold out? – You can always go coach. | -卖完了 -您可以去座席车箱 |
[43:20] | No, I can’t do that. What time is the next train? | 不行 下一班什么时候 |
[43:23] | Nothing till 10. You’re in a hurry, huh? | 10:00 您很着急吗 |
[43:26] | Well, could you call them and see what they have? | 能再问问吗 |
[43:29] | Something wrong with your eyes? | 您眼睛有问题吗 |
[43:31] | Yes, they’re sensitive to questions. Will you call them? | 它们对提问过敏 快点吧 |
[43:34] | Sure. Sure. | 好的 |
[43:39] | Don’t go away. | 不要走开 |
[43:49] | He’s at Window 15, upper level. Hurry. | 他在15号窗口 快 |
[43:54] | You’re in luck, mister, you… | 您真走运 先生 |
[44:03] | – Ticket? – I’m just seeing some friends off. | -票 -我只是送朋友 |
[44:07] | Sorry, I have to know their names before I can let you through. | 抱歉 要知道名字才行 |
[44:10] | Come here! Hey, come here! | 给我回来 |
[44:44] | – Oh, I’m sorry. I’m sorry. – My fault. | -对不起 -我的错 |
[44:48] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[44:58] | He went that way. I think he got off. | 他往那边去了 可能下车了 |
[45:01] | All aboard! | 全体上车 |
[45:06] | – Thank you. – It’s quite all right. | -谢谢 -没关系 |
[45:09] | Seven parking tickets. | 7张乱停车的罚单 |
[46:30] | – Good evening, sir. One? – Please. | -晚安 先生 一位 -是的 |
[46:47] | Cocktail before dinner? | 来点鸡尾酒吗 |
[46:48] | – Yes, please. A Gibson. – Right away. | -要吉布森 -马上来 |
[47:00] | – Well, here we are again. – Yes. | -又见面了 -是啊 |
[47:05] | – Do you recommend anything? – The brook trout. | -有什么建议吗 -鳟鱼 |
[47:08] | A little trouty, but quite good. | 有点硬 但是还不错 |
[47:11] | Sold. | 吃什么 |
[47:14] | Brook trout. | 鳟鱼 |
[47:18] | – Thank you. – Yes, sir. | -谢谢 -好的 |
[47:32] | – I know. I look vaguely familiar. – Yes. | -我知道 我很面熟 -是的 |
[47:35] | You feel you’ve seen me somewhere before. | 你是不是觉得见过我 |
[47:39] | Funny how I have that effect on people. It’s something about my face. | 看来是我这张脸 太有吸引力了 |
[47:43] | It’s a nice face. | 这张脸不错 |
[47:46] | – You think so? – I wouldn’t say it if I didn’t. | -你真这么想 -否则我不会这么说 |
[47:50] | – Oh, you’re that type. – What type? | -看来你是那种类型的 -什么类型 |
[47:53] | Honest. | 诚实型的 |
[47:55] | Not really. | 不见得 |
[47:57] | – Good. Because honest women frighten me. – Why? | -诚实的女人会吓着我 -为什么 |
[48:00] | I don’t know. Somehow, they seem to put me at a disadvantage. | 我也不知道 她们总是让我很头痛 |
[48:03] | – Because you’re not honest with them? – Exactly. | -那是因为你对她们不诚实 -确实如此 |
[48:07] | Like that business about the seven parking tickets? | 比如说那7张违规停车罚单 |
[48:10] | Well, what I mean is, the moment I meet an attractive woman… | 我是说一旦遇上让我动心的女人 |
[48:15] | …I have to start pretending I’ve no desire to make love to her. | 我总假装对她们没有任何意思 |
[48:19] | What makes you think you have to conceal it? | 什么让你这样隐藏自己 |
[48:22] | She might find the idea objectionable. | 她有可能不喜欢我 |
[48:24] | Then again, she might not. | 不过 也可能会喜欢 |
[48:29] | Think how lucky I am to have been seated here. | 我多走运 能和你坐在一起 |
[48:32] | Oh, luck had nothing to do with it. | 和运气并没有关系 |
[48:35] | Fate? | 那是缘分 |
[48:38] | I tipped the steward $5 to seat you here if you should come in. | 我给了服务员5美元 你进来时就带你过来 |
[48:46] | Is that a proposition? | 这是表达爱情吗 |
[48:49] | I never discuss love on an empty stomach. | 我从不在饿着时谈爱情 |
[48:52] | You’ve already eaten. | 你已经吃过了 |
[48:54] | But you haven’t. | 可你还没有 |
[49:02] | Don’t you think it’s time we were introduced? | 你不觉得应该互相介绍 |
[49:05] | I’m Eve Kendall. I’m 26 and unmarried. | 伊芙·肯德尔 26岁 未婚 |
[49:10] | Now you know everything. | 现在你都知道了 |
[49:12] | Tell me. What do you do | 除在火车上把男人迷死之外 |
[49:13] | besides lure men to their doom on the 20th Century Limited? | 你还做什么 |
[49:16] | I’m an industrial designer. | 我是工业设计师 |
[49:20] | Jack Phillips. Western sales manager for Kingby Electronics. | 杰克·菲利普斯 金壁公司经理 |
[49:24] | No, you’re not. | 不 你不是 |
[49:26] | You’re Roger Thornhill of Madison Avenue… | 你是罗杰·桑希尔 麦迪逊大道 |
[49:28] | …and you’re wanted for murder on every front page in America. | 全美各大报头版通缉杀人犯 |
[49:32] | And don’t be so modest. | 不要那么谦虚 |
[49:34] | Whoops. | 我靠 |
[49:36] | Oh, don’t worry. | 不用担心 |
[49:38] | – I won’t say a word. – How come? | -我不会说 -为什么 |
[49:41] | I told you. | 我说了 |
[49:43] | It’s a nice face. | 你的脸不错 |
[49:45] | Is that the only reason? | 这是唯一原因 |
[49:47] | It’s going to be a long night. | 今天晚上很漫长 |
[49:50] | True. | 是啊 |
[49:51] | And I don’t particularly like the book I’ve started. | 我现在看的书又不喜欢 |
[49:56] | You know what I mean? | 你明白了吗 |
[49:58] | Let me think. | 我想想 |
[50:04] | Yes, I know exactly what you mean. | 我知道你的意思 |
[50:18] | There’s my trademark. R.O.T. | 这是我的商标 罗桑 |
[50:21] | Roger O. Thornhill. What does the “O” stand for? | 罗杰·O·桑希尔”O”是什么 |
[50:24] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[50:49] | I’d invite you to my bedroom if I had a bedroom. | 要是我有卧室 我会请你去 |
[50:52] | – A roomette? – Nothing, not even a ticket. | -卧铺呢 -没有 连票都没有 |
[50:55] | I’ve been playing hide- and- seek ever since the train left New York. | 火车从纽约开出来 我就一直和乘务员捉迷藏 |
[51:00] | – How awkward for you. – Yes, isn’t it? | -多尴尬呀 -说的没错 |
[51:02] | No place to sleep. | 没地方睡觉 |
[51:05] | I have a large drawing room all to myself. | 我有个大房间 |
[51:08] | That doesn’t seem quite fair, does it? | 不太公平 是吗 |
[51:11] | Drawing room E. | E包房 |
[51:13] | Car 3901. | 3901车箱 |
[51:16] | Such a nice number. | 这个数字很好 |
[51:19] | It’s easy to remember. | 容易记住 |
[51:20] | 3-9-0-1 Thirty-nine-oh-one. | |
[51:23] | See? | 记住了 |
[51:26] | No luggage. | 没有行李 |
[51:31] | – So? – Well, you wouldn’t happen… | -那么 -你不会 |
[51:32] | …to have an extra pair of pajamas, would you? | 多一套睡衣吧 |
[51:35] | Wouldn’t I? | 不会吗 |
[51:38] | Incidentally, I wouldn’t order any dessert if I were you. | 如果我是你 就不要甜点 |
[51:41] | I get the message. | 你说的对 |
[51:44] | That isn’t exactly what I meant. | 我不是在说这个 |
[51:46] | This train seems to be making an unscheduled stop. | 火车没按计划在这儿停了 |
[51:48] | And I just saw two men get out of a police car as we pulled into the station. | 进站时两个男人从警车中出来 |
[51:53] | They weren’t smiling. | 好象很严肃 |
[52:16] | I think you better go out and tell those police to hurry. | 你最好让那些警察快点走 |
[52:19] | Patience is a virtue. | 耐心是美德 |
[52:21] | So is breathing. | 那也得呼吸啊 |
[52:22] | Just lie still. | 安静地躺着吧 |
[52:26] | Have you got any olive oil? | 有没有橄榄油 |
[52:28] | Olive oil? | 橄榄油 |
[52:29] | I want to be packed in olive oil if I’m gonna be a sardine. | 要做鱼罐头 我也要浸点油 |
[52:34] | Come in. | 请进 |
[52:36] | – Who are you? – State police. | -你们是 -州警署的 |
[52:40] | Your name please? | 您的姓名 |
[52:41] | Eve Kendall. Is anything wrong? | 伊芙·肯德尔 出什么事了 |
[52:44] | There was a man at your table tonight in the dining car. | 你今晚在餐车和一个男人一起 |
[52:47] | – Yes. – Friend of yours? | -是的 -是你的朋友吗 |
[52:50] | I never saw him before. | 我从没见过他 |
[52:54] | Is this the man? | 是这个人吗 |
[52:56] | Yes, I think so. It’s not a very clear picture. | 我想是的 照片不太清楚 |
[53:00] | It’s a Wirephoto. We just got it from the New York police. | 这是传真照片 刚从纽约警察局传送过来的 |
[53:03] | – Police? – He’s wanted for murder. | -警察局 -他是杀人通缉犯 |
[53:06] | Good heavens, no. | 上帝啊不会吧 |
[53:09] | The steward said you left the dining car together. | 服务员说你们一起离开 |
[53:11] | We might have happened to leave at the same time, but not together. | 我们可能同时 但不是一起 |
[53:16] | What did you two talk about? | 你们谈些什么 |
[53:18] | Talk about? | 谈些什么 |
[53:20] | Your waiter said you were getting along good with this Thornhill. | 服务员说你和桑希尔聊得很开心 |
[53:23] | Is that his name? Thornhill? | 这是他的名字 桑希尔 |
[53:26] | You mean, he didn’t tell you? | 你是说他没告诉你 |
[53:28] | He didn’t tell me anything. | 他什么也没有告诉我 |
[53:30] | All we did was chat about different kinds of food… | 我们聊的只是各种食品 |
[53:34] | …train travel versus plane travel, that sort of thing. | 比较火车和飞机一类的事 |
[53:37] | Rather innocuous, I must say, considering he was a fugitive from justice. | 他非常镇定 如果他是个逃犯的话 |
[53:42] | – Who did he kill? – He didn’t say where he was going, did he? | -他杀了谁 -他说了要去哪里吗 |
[53:46] | No. I assumed Chicago. | 没有 我想是芝加哥 |
[53:49] | You think perhaps he got off when you got on? | 会不会你们上车时他下去了 |
[53:52] | If you happen to catch sight of him again, Miss, uh… | 如果您再看见他就请 贵姓 |
[53:55] | Kendall. | 肯德尔 |
[53:56] | …will you let us know? | 肯德尔小姐告诉我们 |
[53:58] | I’m going to bed and I intend to lock my door. | 我很快就要睡了 我会将房门锁上 |
[54:01] | So I doubt if I’ll seeing anybody else tonight. | 所以今晚不会见到什么人了 |
[54:03] | Well, just in case you do, we’ll be in the observation car at the rear of the train. | 万一您见到 可以在后面观察车找我们 |
[54:08] | It’s comforting to know that. | 这样我放心多了 |
[54:11] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[54:14] | Still breathing? | 还活着吗 |
[54:15] | Either hurry up or get me a snorkel. | 快点 要不就变成罐头了 |
[54:19] | I’m looking for the can opener I stole from the porter. | 我在找罐头启子 |
[54:27] | Hello, there. | 你好 |
[54:29] | Hello. | 你好 |
[54:43] | Tell me, why are you so good to me? | 告诉我 为什么对我这么好 |
[54:46] | Shall I climb up and tell you why? | 要我上去告诉你原因吗 |
[55:02] | You know, I’ve been thinking, it’s not safe for you… | 我在想 你在芝加哥 |
[55:06] | …to roam around Chicago looking for this George Kaplan man… | 四处寻找那个你所说的乔治·卡普兰 |
[55:09] | …you’ve been telling me about. | 这对你很不安全 |
[55:11] | You’ll be picked up by the police the moment you show your face. | 你一露面就会被抓起来 |
[55:15] | Such a nice face too. | 何况还是一张不错的脸 |
[55:20] | Now, don’t you think it would be a better idea | 你不觉得这样更好 |
[55:22] | if you stayed in my hotel room… | 你呆在我的酒店房间里 |
[55:25] | …while I located him for you and brought him to you? | 我去找他 带到你面前来 |
[55:29] | I can’t let you get involved. It’s too dangerous. | 不能让你牵连进去 太危险了 |
[55:33] | I’m a big girl. | 我是个大姑娘了 |
[55:36] | Yeah, and in all the right places too. | 是啊该大的地方都大了 |
[55:44] | You know, this is ridiculous. You know that, don’t you? | 你看这太荒唐了 你明白 是吗 |
[55:47] | Yes. | 是的 |
[55:48] | I mean, we’ve hardly met. | 我是说 我们刚认识啊 |
[55:50] | That’s right. | 说的没错 |
[55:52] | How do I know you aren’t a murderer? | 我怎么知道你不是杀人犯呢 |
[55:55] | You don’t. | 你不知道 |
[55:57] | Maybe you’re planning to murder me, right here, tonight. | 也许你正想谋杀我 就在这儿 今晚 |
[56:01] | Shall I? | 我会吗 |
[56:03] | Please do. | 动手吧 |
[56:26] | Beats flying, doesn’t it? | 感觉不错吧 |
[56:30] | We should stop. | 应该停止了 |
[56:31] | Immediately. | 这就停了 |
[56:33] | I ought to know more about you. | 我应该多了解你 |
[56:36] | What more could you know? | 多了解什么呢 |
[56:41] | You’re an advertising man, that’s all I know. | 我只知道 你是个广告人 |
[56:44] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[56:47] | Train’s a little unsteady. | 火车有点不太稳 |
[56:50] | Who isn’t? | 不太稳 |
[56:52] | What else do you know? | 你还知道什么 |
[56:55] | You’ve got taste in clothes, taste in food…. | 你对衣服食品都很有品位 |
[57:01] | And taste in women. I like your flavor. | 还有对女人的品位 我喜欢你的味道 |
[57:13] | You’re very clever with words. | 你说话非常有一套 |
[57:15] | You can probably make them do anything for you. | 能让语言为你做任何事 |
[57:19] | Sell people things they don’t need… | 卖给人们不需要的东西 |
[57:21] | …make women who don’t know you fall in love with you. | 让不了解你的女人陷入情网 |
[57:27] | I’m beginning to think I’m underpaid. | 我开始觉得给我的薪水少了 |
[57:43] | Look out. | 小心 |
[57:54] | Oh, porter. | 服务生 |
[57:56] | – Don’t bother with the washroom. – Yes, ma’am. | -不用管卫生间了 -好的 小姐 |
[57:59] | By the way, I found this on the floor. Does it belong to you? | 我发现了这个 是你的吗 |
[58:02] | Yes, ma’am. I’ve been looking all over for it. | 是的 我一直在找呢 |
[58:04] | – I’ll wait outside. – Thank you. | -我在外边等 -谢谢 |
[58:23] | Thank you, porter. | 谢谢 服务生 |
[58:25] | Thank you, ma’am. Good night, now. | 谢谢 小姐 晚安 |
[58:27] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[58:32] | Come out, come out, wherever you are. | 出来 不管你在哪儿 |
[58:40] | The porter. | 服务生 |
[58:43] | So I see. | 我知道 |
[58:50] | Now… | 现在 |
[58:53] | – …where were we? – Here. | -我们刚才到哪儿了 -这儿 |
[58:58] | Oh, yes. | 是的 |
[59:01] | – Nice of him to have opened the bed. – Yes. | -我很高兴他把床打开了 -是啊 |
[59:05] | – Only one bed. – Yes. | -只有一张床 -是的 |
[59:09] | That’s a good omen, don’t you think? | 这是个好兆头 对吗 |
[59:11] | Wonderful. | 非常好 |
[59:14] | Do you know what that means? | 知道意味着什么吗 |
[59:17] | What? Tell me. | 什么 告诉我 |
[59:19] | It means you’re going to sleep on the floor. | 意味着你要睡地上了 |
[59:43] | A message from the lady in 3901. | 3901车小姐送的字条 |
[1:00:29] | – You keep walking. I’ll catch up. – Yes, ma’am. | -你继续走 我会追上的 -是的 小姐 |
[1:00:34] | – Anything to report, Miss Kendall? – Why, yes. I had a fine night’s sleep. | -有报告吗 肯德尔小姐 -是的 昨晚我睡得很好 |
[1:00:39] | No, I mean, have you seen the man we’re looking for? | 我的意思是 你看到了我们在找的人吗 |
[1:00:42] | – Mr. Thornycroft? – Thornhill. | -桑尼克罗先生吗 -桑希尔 |
[1:00:46] | No, no. I’m awfully sorry. | 没有 对不起 |
[1:00:49] | But good luck to you both. | 祝你们好运 |
[1:00:55] | – How are we doing? – Oh, I may collapse at any moment. | -我们表现怎么样 -我随时都可能崩溃 |
[1:00:59] | Not yet. First we have to run the gauntlet. Look. | 别放松 必须保持镇定 你看 |
[1:01:08] | I’m accustomed to having a load on, | 我习惯了承受重量 |
[1:01:09] | but what have you got in these bags? | 可是这些袋子都装了什么 |
[1:01:12] | – Bowling balls, naturally. – Oh, naturally. | -保龄球 当然是 -当然是 |
[1:01:15] | Which one of these has my suit in it? | 哪个里面是我的西装 |
[1:01:17] | The small one underneath your right arm. | 右手拿着的小箱子 |
[1:01:19] | Oh, thanks. That ought to do the suit a lot of good. | 谢谢 这样它就更时髦了 |
[1:01:22] | I’m sure Mr. Kaplan won’t mind a few wrinkles. | 卡普兰不会介意你衣服起皱 |
[1:01:24] | Yeah, if he’s still there. What time is it? | 如果他还在的话 现在几点 |
[1:01:27] | 9:10 Nine-ten. | |
[1:01:29] | Nine-ten? Well, he may have left his hotel room by now. | 9:10 他可能离开酒店了 |
[1:01:31] | I’ll call him for you as soon as we get inside the station. | 一出站 我就去帮你打电话 |
[1:01:34] | No thank you, I can do it. | 不用了 谢谢 我自己来 |
[1:01:36] | A redcap in a phone booth? Slightly suspicious. | 小红帽在电话亭里 有点可疑吧 |
[1:01:39] | I, uh…. Well, all right. What are you gonna tell him? Do you know that? | 那好 跟他说什么 你知道吗 |
[1:01:43] | Mm- hm. You want to see him right away. Terribly urgent. | 你想立刻见到他 非常紧急 |
[1:01:46] | Matter of life and death. | 是有关生死的大事 |
[1:01:47] | – Mm- hm. Right. – No explanations. | -是的 -不需做解释 |
[1:01:49] | While I’m calling, you can change your clothes. | 对了 我打电话时 你可以换衣服 |
[1:01:52] | Where do you propose I do that? In Marshall Field’s window? | 在哪儿换呢 在橱窗里吗 |
[1:01:56] | I sort of had the men’s room in mind. | 我想应该在洗手间里 |
[1:01:58] | Did you, now? | 知道吗 |
[1:02:00] | You’re the smartest girl I ever spent the night with on a train. | 你是和我一起在火车上过夜的女孩子里最聪明的 |
[1:02:16] | I think we made it. | 我想我们成功了 |
[1:02:21] | Where did he go? | 他去哪儿了 |
[1:02:22] | – Which way did he go? – Where did he go? | -他走的哪条路 -去哪儿了 |
[1:02:24] | I don’t know. He took my clothes. and went that way. | 我不知道 他抢了我的衣服 |
[1:02:27] | Come on. | 快追 |
[1:04:07] | Departing at 10 a.m., Chicago daylight time… | 芝加哥当地时间上午10点 发车 |
[1:04:11] | …for Michigan City. | 开往密西根市 |
[1:04:36] | Now ready on track number six. | 已经在六号轨道就位 |
[1:04:43] | Well, what took you so long? | 怎么这么慢 |
[1:04:45] | Well, I have a big face, small razor. | 我脸大 而刮胡刀太小 |
[1:04:46] | Tell me, did you get Kaplan? | 找到卡普兰了吗 |
[1:04:48] | – Yes. – Fine. What did he say? | -是的 -好 他怎么说 |
[1:04:51] | Well, he’ll see you, but not at the hotel under any circumstances. | 他会见你 但不能在酒店里 |
[1:04:54] | – He’ll see you on the outside. – Well, where? When? | -他希望在外边见你 -在哪儿 什么时候 |
[1:04:56] | – I’ve got it all written down for you. – Thanks. | -都给你写下来了 -谢谢 |
[1:04:59] | Take the Greyhound bus that leaves Chicago… | 坐2:00从芝加哥 |
[1:05:01] | …for Indianapolis at 2 | 去印第安纳波利斯的灰狗巴士 |
[1:05:03] | and ask the driver to let you off at Prairie Stop, Highway 41. | 在41号公路平原站下车 |
[1:05:07] | Prairie Stop, Highway 41. Good. | 平原站 41号公路 好 |
[1:05:10] | It’s about an hour-and-a-half’s drive from Chicago. | 从芝加哥出发大概是一个半小时的路 |
[1:05:12] | Fine. I’ll rent a car. | 好 我去租一辆车 |
[1:05:13] | No car. Mr. Kaplan said bus. | 不要出租车 卡普兰坚持是巴士 |
[1:05:16] | He wants to be sure you’re alone. | 好保证你是一个人 |
[1:05:18] | All right. What’ll I do when I get there? | 好 到了那儿做什么呢 |
[1:05:21] | Just wait beside the road. He’ll be there at 3:30. | 在路边等着 他3:30会到 |
[1:05:23] | – Well, how will I know him? – He’ll know you. | -我怎么认出他呢 -他会认出你的 |
[1:05:25] | – You made the Chicago papers too. – Oh, yes. | -你也上了芝加哥报纸 -好的 |
[1:05:29] | Have you got your watch set for Central time? | 把表调到了标准时间吗 |
[1:05:32] | Yes, I did that. Thanks. | 是的 谢谢 |
[1:05:34] | – What’s the matter? – Matter? | -你怎么了 -怎么了 |
[1:05:37] | Yes, you seem…. I don’t know. You seem tense. | 你看来有一点紧张 |
[1:05:40] | You know, you better go before the police run out of redcaps. | 你最好趁警察检查红帽子时离开 |
[1:05:43] | We’ll see each other again, won’t we? | 我们会再见面吧 |
[1:05:46] | Sometime, I’m sure. | 总有一天会的 我肯定 |
[1:05:48] | I never had a moment to thank you properly. | 我还没有机会好好谢你 |
[1:05:51] | – Please go. – Yes, but… But where will I find you? | -快走吧 -但我到哪里去找你 |
[1:05:54] | I’ve gotta pick up my bags now. | 我必须去取行李了 |
[1:05:56] | Oh, yes. Well, these are the checks for the large cases. | 这些是箱子存票 |
[1:06:00] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[1:06:02] | Please. | 告诉我 |
[1:06:04] | They’re coming. | 他们来了 |
[1:10:29] | Hi. | 你好 |
[1:10:33] | – Hot day. – Seen worse. | -天真热 -还得热呢 |
[1:10:38] | Are you supposed to be meeting someone here? | 你是来见什么人吗 |
[1:10:40] | Waiting for the bus. Due any minute. | 我在这儿等车 这就该来了 |
[1:10:45] | Some of them crop- duster pilots get rich, if they live long enough. | 如果活得够长的话 有些撒农药的飞行员会很富有 |
[1:10:49] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[1:10:51] | And, uh, then your name isn’t Kaplan? | 那么你不叫卡普兰 |
[1:10:55] | Can’t say it is, because it ain’t. | 不能说是 因为不是 |
[1:10:58] | Here she comes. Right on time. | 车来了 很准时 |
[1:11:04] | – That’s funny. – What? | -那很奇怪 -怎么 |
[1:11:06] | That plane’s dusting crops where there ain’t no crops. | 那飞机在没有庄稼的地方撒农药 |
[1:15:03] | Get out of here! The other tank may blow! | 快离开 油箱会爆炸 |
[1:15:17] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[1:15:42] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[1:15:44] | Come back! Hey! | 回来 |
[1:15:46] | Come back! Come back! Hey! | 回来 回来 |
[1:16:39] | – Yes? – Uh…. | -有何贵干 -呃 |
[1:16:40] | Could you let me have Mr. George Kaplan’s room number, please? | 请告诉我乔治·卡普兰的房间号码 |
[1:16:44] | – Kaplan? – Yeah. | -卡普兰 -是的 |
[1:16:45] | I think he checked out. | 我想他退房了 |
[1:16:48] | – He checked out? – That’s right. | -退房了 -是的 |
[1:16:50] | He checked out at 7:10 this morning. | 早上7:10 他退房了 |
[1:16:52] | – Seven- ten? Are you sure? – Yes. He left a forwarding address. | -7:10 肯定吗 -是的 他留了字条 |
[1:16:56] | Hotel Sheraton- Johnson, Rapid City, South Dakota. | 喜来登酒店 拉皮德市 南达科他州 |
[1:16:59] | 7:10 Seven-ten? | |
[1:17:01] | Well, then how come I got a message from him at 9…? | 那我怎么在9:00接到他的字条 |
[1:17:04] | What’s that? | 什么 |
[1:17:08] | Nothing. Nothing. | 没什么 |
[1:17:38] | Sorry to bother you again. | 对不起又打扰您 |
[1:17:40] | Miss Eve Kendall is expecting me. She’s in room four- something. | 我和肯德尔小姐约好了 房号是4打头 |
[1:17:43] | I’ve forgotten the number. Would you mind? | 我忘了具体号码 麻烦您 |
[1:17:55] | – She’s in 463. – Oh, yes, that’s right. Thanks. | -她在463房间 -这就对了 谢谢 |
[1:18:24] | Hello. | 你好 |
[1:18:32] | Surprised? | 很意外 |
[1:18:34] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:18:36] | No getting rid of me, is there? | 没有能甩掉我 是不是 |
[1:18:50] | I could use a drink. | 我想喝杯酒 |
[1:18:53] | – I have some Scotch. – With water. No ice. | -来点威士忌 -加水 不要冰 |
[1:19:05] | How did it go today? | 今天怎么样 |
[1:19:10] | – The meeting with Kaplan? – Uh- huh. | -和卡普兰的会面 -是的 |
[1:19:15] | He didn’t show up. | 他没有出现 |
[1:19:19] | It’s funny, isn’t it? | 很奇怪 是不是 |
[1:19:21] | Why funny? | 怎么奇怪 |
[1:19:22] | Oh, after all those involved and explicit directions | 他电话里那么复杂地告诉你怎么跟我见面 |
[1:19:25] | he gave you on the phone. | 而他却没去 |
[1:19:29] | – Maybe I copied them down wrong. – I don’t think you got them wrong. | -也许是我记错了 -你并没记错 |
[1:19:33] | I think you sent me to the right place, all right. | 你送我去的地方再正确不过了 |
[1:19:38] | Why don’t you call him back again and see what happened? | 为什么不打电话问他怎么回事 |
[1:19:41] | I did. He checked out. Went to South Dakota. | 我打了 他退房了 去了南达科他 |
[1:19:45] | South Dakota? | 南达科他 |
[1:19:47] | Rapid City. | 拉皮德市 |
[1:19:50] | Well, what are you going to do next? | 你下一步怎么办 |
[1:19:53] | I haven’t made my mind up yet. | 还没有决定 |
[1:19:55] | It may depend on you. | 要看你的了 |
[1:19:58] | – On me? – Sure. | -看我的 -当然 |
[1:20:02] | You’re my little helper, aren’t you? | 你是我的守护神 不是吗 |
[1:20:05] | Thank you. To us. To a long and lasting friendship. | 为我们长久不衰的友谊 |
[1:20:10] | Meaning, from now on, I’m not going to let you out of my sight, sweetheart. | 现在开始 我再也不让你离开我了 甜心 |
[1:20:15] | I’m afraid you’ll have to. | 恐怕你必须离开 |
[1:20:17] | – Oh, no. – I do have plans of my own, you know? | -哦 不 -我有自己的计划 |
[1:20:21] | And you do have problems. | 而且你还有麻烦 |
[1:20:23] | Well, wouldn’t it be nice | 把我的麻烦和你的计划连接在一起 |
[1:20:24] | if my problems and your plans were somehow connected? | 不是很好吗 |
[1:20:28] | Then we could always stay close to each other… | 我们就能总在一快儿了 |
[1:20:30] | …and not have to go off in separate directions. | 而不必各散东西 |
[1:20:33] | Togetherness. You know what I mean? | 一块儿 你懂我的意思 |
[1:20:39] | Go ahead, it can’t be for me. | 去接呀 肯定不找我 |
[1:20:49] | Hello? | 喂 |
[1:20:51] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:20:52] | No, not yet. I’m not ready. | 不 还不行 我没准备好 |
[1:20:55] | What time? I’ll meet you. What’s the address? | 什么时候 我去找你 地址哪儿 |
[1:21:03] | Yes. Goodbye. | 好的 再见 |
[1:21:07] | Business? | 公务 |
[1:21:09] | – Yes. – Industrial- designing business? | -是的 -工业设计的问题 |
[1:21:16] | All work and no play? | 光工作不享受 |
[1:21:18] | A girl like you should be enjoying herself this evening… | 你这样的女孩该让自己享受一下 |
[1:21:21] | …instead of taking phone calls from clients. | 而不是接客户电话什么的 |
[1:21:25] | What about having dinner with me? | 和我一起吃晚饭 怎么样 |
[1:21:28] | You can’t afford to be seen anyplace. | 不管在哪儿你不能露面 |
[1:21:30] | Well, let’s have it up here. Nice and cozy. | 那就叫上来吃 舒适又温馨 |
[1:21:32] | No, I… | 不 |
[1:21:35] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[1:21:37] | I insist. | 我坚持 |
[1:21:41] | I want you to do a favor for me. | 我想让你帮我忙 |
[1:21:44] | – A big, big favor. – Name it. | -很大的忙 -你说吧 |
[1:21:47] | I want you to leave right now. | 我想让你立刻离开 |
[1:21:50] | Stay far away from me and don’t come near me again. | 越远越好 不要再靠近我 |
[1:21:56] | We’re not going to get involved. | 我们不能再继续 |
[1:21:58] | Last night was last night and that’s all there was. | 昨晚只是昨晚 最多只能这样 |
[1:22:01] | That’s all there is. There isn’t going to be anything more between us. | 我们不可能再有什么了 |
[1:22:05] | So, please…. | 所以请你 |
[1:22:07] | Goodbye. | 再见吧 |
[1:22:08] | Good luck. No conversation. Just leave. | 祝你好运 别再说了 请走吧 |
[1:22:12] | – Right away? – Yes. | -立刻走 -是的 |
[1:22:15] | No questions asked? | 没有问题吗 |
[1:22:17] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:22:20] | – No, I can’t do that. – Please. | -我做不到 -求你了 |
[1:22:23] | – After dinner. – Now. | -晚饭以后 -现在 |
[1:22:25] | After dinner. Fair is fair. | 晚饭以后 你得公平 |
[1:22:29] | All right. | 好吧 |
[1:22:31] | On one condition. | 不过有个条件 |
[1:22:33] | That you let the hotel valet do something with this suit first. | 你必须把西装好好洗洗 |
[1:22:37] | You belong in the stockyards looking like that. | 你看上去像是贫民窟出来的 |
[1:22:40] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:22:43] | There’s the phone. | 电话在那边 |
[1:22:49] | Hello. Valet service, please. | 请接洗衣部 |
[1:22:55] | Hello, valet? | 洗衣部 |
[1:22:58] | – Oh, this is r… Where are we? – Four sixty- three. | -这里房号是多少 -463 |
[1:23:02] | Room 463. | 463号房间 |
[1:23:04] | How quickly can you get a suit sponged and pressed? | 多长时间能把一套西装洗熨好 |
[1:23:06] | Yes, fast. | 对 要快 |
[1:23:08] | Twenty minutes? Fine. Okay, 463. | 20分钟 好 好的 463 |
[1:23:15] | He’ll be right up. | 他马上来 |
[1:23:17] | Better take your things off. | 你最好把衣服脱掉 |
[1:23:22] | Now, what could a man do with his clothes off for 20 minutes? | 不穿衣服20分钟能做什么 |
[1:23:26] | Couldn’t he have taken an hour? | 不能有一个小时吗 |
[1:23:27] | You could always take a cold shower. | 你可以洗个凉水澡 |
[1:23:29] | That’s right. | 对 |
[1:23:32] | You know, when I was a little boy, I wouldn’t even let my mother undress me. | 我很小的时候 不肯让我妈替我脱衣服 |
[1:23:36] | – You’re a big boy now. – Yes. | -你是个大孩子了 -是的 |
[1:23:42] | Tell me, how does a girl like you get to be a girl like you? | 告诉我 你怎么变成这样一个女孩 |
[1:23:47] | Lucky, I guess. | 幸运 我猜是 |
[1:23:49] | Oh, not lucky. Naughty. Wicked. | 不是幸运 是淘气 邪恶 |
[1:23:51] | Up to no good. Ever kill anyone? | 不干好事 你杀过人没有 |
[1:23:55] | Because I bet you could tease a man to death without half- trying. | 我打赌你毫不费力就能把一个男人推进地狱 |
[1:23:58] | So stop trying, huh? | 所以 别这样了 |
[1:24:10] | Be with you in a minute. | 请您稍等 |
[1:24:16] | Trousers, please. | 裤子给我 |
[1:24:20] | There you are. | 给你 |
[1:24:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:24:29] | I think I’ll take that cold shower after all. | 我还是洗个凉水澡为好 |
[1:24:32] | Good. | 好的 |
[1:25:44] | This magnificent pair of Louis XVI fauteuils. | 这对路易14时代的精美座椅 |
[1:25:46] | Original gilt finish. Upholstered in pure silk damask. | 原来的绣面 完全的真丝质地 |
[1:25:50] | How much may I say to start? What am I bid? | 从多少开始拍呢 出个价吧 |
[1:25:53] | – One hundred. – One hundred is bid. Thank you. | -100元 -有人出100元 谢谢 |
[1:25:56] | One- fifty is bid here. Say the 200? | 这位出150 有人出200吗 |
[1:25:59] | Thank you, 200 is bid. | 谢谢 有200了 |
[1:26:00] | Say the 300? I have 300. Four hundred by the little lady. | 有出300的吗 现在300 这位女士出400 |
[1:26:06] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢 先生 |
[1:26:07] | Four- fifty is bid for the pair. Can I hear 500? | 已经出价450元 有500元吗 |
[1:26:09] | Will you say 500? | 你出500吗 |
[1:26:11] | Can I say the 500? | 有没有人出500元 |
[1:26:13] | Fair warning and last call. | 最后一遍呼叫 |
[1:26:15] | Sold to Mr. Stone, second row. Four hundred and fifty dollars. | 卖给第二排斯通先生450元 |
[1:26:24] | And now lot number 103. | 现在是拍卖品103号 |
[1:26:27] | This lovely Aubusson settee. | 这张可爱的法国长椅 |
[1:26:29] | In excellent condition. Please start the bidding. | 还很坚固 请开价吧 |
[1:26:33] | How much? | 多少 |
[1:26:35] | Eight hundred is offered, thank you. Eight hundred is bid. Say the nine? Go 900? | 出价800元 谢谢 现在800元 谁出900元 |
[1:26:39] | Nine hundred is bid. Now, who’ll say 1,000? | 900元 谁出1000元 |
[1:26:42] | One thousand, thank you. One thousand at 1,000. Say 1,100? | 1000 谢谢 谁出1100 |
[1:26:46] | – Can I hear 1,100? Selling at $1,000. – The three of you together. | -有1100吗 1000元成交 -你们三个在一起 |
[1:26:50] | Now, that’s a picture only Charles Addams could draw. | 就象查尔斯·亚当斯的油画 |
[1:26:54] | Good evening, Mr. Kaplan. | 晚上好 卡普兰先生 |
[1:26:55] | Before we start calling each other names, you better tell me yours. | 我们互相称呼对方之前 你应该告诉我你的名字 |
[1:26:59] | – I haven’t had the pleasure. – You disappoint me, sir. | -不知我有此荣幸吗 -你真让我失望 先生 |
[1:27:02] | I was just going to say that to her. | 我正要对她说这句话 |
[1:27:04] | I’ve always understood you were a shrewd fellow at your job. | 我知道你确实是一把好手 |
[1:27:07] | What possessed you to come blundering in here like this? | 是什么让你也闯到这的 |
[1:27:10] | Could it be an overpowering interest in art? | 难道是对艺术的兴趣吗 |
[1:27:13] | Yes. The art of survival. | 是的 生存的艺术 |
[1:27:16] | Well, have you poured any good drunks lately? | 你们最近有没有灌醉其他人 |
[1:27:19] | – One hundred dollars. – He followed me here from the hotel. | -100美元 -他从酒店跟踪我到这儿 |
[1:27:23] | He was in your room? | 他去了你的房间 |
[1:27:25] | Sure, isn’t everybody? | 当然 大家不都去吗 |
[1:27:27] | One hundred and fifty. Thank you. Now, say the two. | 150元 谢谢 等着200元 |
[1:27:30] | Do I hear two? Two hundred, thank you. | 200吗 谢谢 |
[1:27:32] | Now the three. Do I hear three? Three hundred, anyone? | 谁出300元 有吗 |
[1:27:35] | Three hundred, thank you. Now, the four. Do I hear four? Four hundred, anyone? | 300 谢谢 现在400 有出400的吗 |
[1:27:39] | Four hundred is bid. Say the five? | 出到400元了 下边是500 |
[1:27:42] | I have 400. I have 400. | 有400的了 有500的吗 |
[1:27:43] | I didn’t realize you were an art collector. | 我不知道你是个艺术品收藏家 |
[1:27:45] | I thought you just collected corpses. | 我以为你只收藏死尸 |
[1:27:47] | Do I hear 500? | 有出500的吗 |
[1:27:48] | – Five hundred. – Five hundred, thank you. | -500元 -500 谢谢 |
[1:27:51] | I’ll bet you paid plenty for this little piece of sculpture. | 你为这个小雕像一定花了不少钱 |
[1:27:54] | – Now the seven. Seven hundred? – Seven hundred. | -有出700元的吗 -700元 |
[1:27:57] | She’s worth every dollar of it, take it from me. | 她值每一个美元 我保证 |
[1:28:00] | Now, she puts her heart into her work. | 她全心全意完成使命 |
[1:28:03] | In fact, her whole body. | 即使用她的全身 |
[1:28:05] | Sold to Mr. Vandamm at 700. | 以700元价位卖给梵丹先生 |
[1:28:08] | – Number 106 for your pleasure. – Oh, Mr. Vandamm. | -第106号等待出价 -你叫梵丹 |
[1:28:13] | Has anyone ever told you that you overplay your various roles rather severely… | 有没有人告诉过您 您过分地扮演了不同角色 |
[1:28:17] | …Mr. Kaplan? | 卡普兰先生 |
[1:28:19] | First, you’re the outraged Madison Avenue man… | 一开始您是个愤怒的商人 |
[1:28:21] | …who claims he’s been mistaken for someone else. | 声称被误认成他人 |
[1:28:24] | Then, you play the fugitive… | 然后您扮演的是逃犯 |
[1:28:26] | …supposedly trying to clear his name of a crime he knows he didn’t commit. | 好象要洗清他并未犯的罪行 |
[1:28:29] | Now you play the peevish lover, stung by jealousy and betrayal. | 现在您又扮演一个被嫉妒和背叛所激怒的情人 |
[1:28:35] | It seems you fellows could stand less training from the FBI… | 你们可以少受FBI的训练 |
[1:28:38] | – …and more from the Actors Studio. – Three- fifty I have. | -而多去上一上表演课 -有人出价350 |
[1:28:41] | Apparently, the only performance that’ll satisfy you is when I play dead. | 很显然 唯一能使您满意的演出就是我的死亡 |
[1:28:45] | Your very next role. You’ll be quite convincing, I assure you. | 这是你下一个角色 你的演技会很逼真 我保证 |
[1:28:48] | Don’t lose it for $25. Thank you. Three-seventy-five is bid. | 别为区区25美元错失良机 谢谢 现在价位375 |
[1:28:52] | I have 375, go the 400. | 有人出价375 有出400的吗 |
[1:28:54] | Three-seventy-five, go four? Four hundred is bid. | 375变400 现在价位400 |
[1:28:57] | I wonder what subtle form of manslaughter is next on the program. | 我想知道下一个屠杀方式是什么 |
[1:29:01] | Am I to be dropped into a vat of molten steel… | 我会不会被扔进炼钢炉 |
[1:29:04] | …and become part of a new skyscraper? | 然后变成摩天大楼的一部分 |
[1:29:06] | Or are you going to ask this female to kiss me again and poison me to death? | 或是叫她再来吻我 毒死我 |
[1:29:12] | We offer catalog number 107. | 现在是拍卖目录里的107号商品 |
[1:29:14] | Who are you kidding? You have no feelings to hurt. | 你想骗谁 你没有感情可受伤害 |
[1:29:21] | How much to start the bidding on this collector’s porcelain? | 你们打算出多少竞拍这只花瓶 |
[1:29:24] | Please start the bidding. | 请开始出价 |
[1:29:26] | Kaplan, we’ve had just about enough of you. | 卡普兰先生 我们已经忍无可忍 |
[1:29:28] | Then, why don’t you send for the police? | 那为什么不叫警察 |
[1:29:30] | Six, to six hundred | 600元 到600了 |
[1:29:32] | That’s the last thing you’d want, isn’t it? Me in the hands of the police. | 你们最不愿意这样 对不对 我落在警察手里 |
[1:29:35] | There’s something I might tell them. | 就会说些什么 |
[1:29:37] | That’s the reason you had this one hustle me on the train. | 这也是昨晚你叫她掩护我的原因 |
[1:29:40] | Something seems to tell me I’ve got a better chance if I go to the police. | 我感觉去找警察活命机会多 |
[1:29:46] | Good night, sweetheart. Don’t think it wasn’t nice. | 晚安宝贝 不要以为昨晚不好 |
[1:29:48] | Say the 12. Twelve hundred dollars there. Twelve hundred is bid. Say 1300? | 现在1200元 谁出1300 |
[1:29:53] | May I hear 1300? | 有1300吗 |
[1:29:55] | They’re selling at 1200. Do I hear 1300, please? | 1200元成交 有出1300吗 有吗 |
[1:29:59] | Last call. | 最后一遍 |
[1:30:01] | Sold. Twelve hundred dollars. Thank you. | 1200元卖出 谢谢 |
[1:30:11] | And now catalog number 109. | 现在109号卖品 |
[1:30:14] | This superb example of this early 17th century master. | 17世纪早期大师极品之作 |
[1:30:18] | It will enhance any collection of fine art. | 会给您的收藏增色不少 |
[1:30:21] | What is your pleasure? How much to start? | 你乐意吗 起价多少 |
[1:30:24] | – One thousand dollars. – One thousand is bid. | -1000美元 -1000美元 |
[1:30:28] | Twelve-fifty I have. Now, 1500. | 现在1250 1500元了 |
[1:30:32] | Fifteen hundred is bid. Thank you. Seventeen- fifty? | 现价1500 有出1750的吗 谢谢 |
[1:30:37] | – I have 1750. – Two thousand dollars. | -现在是1750 -出到2000 |
[1:30:39] | Two thousand is bid. I have 2000. Do I hear 2500? | 现在是2000 有2500吗 |
[1:30:44] | Twenty-five hundred, anyone? | 有谁出2500吗 |
[1:30:46] | Twenty-two-fifty once. | 2250一次 |
[1:30:49] | Twenty-two-fifty twice. | 2250两次 |
[1:30:51] | – Last call. – Fifteen hundred. | -最后一遍 -我出1500 |
[1:30:55] | – Well, the bid is already up to 2250, sir. – I still say 1,500. | -已经出到2250了 先生 -我坚持出1500 |
[1:31:01] | I have 2250. Do I hear 25? | 现在是2250 有2500吗 |
[1:31:05] | – Twenty-two-fifty once, 2250 twice. – Twelve hundred. | -2250一次 2250两次 -我出1200 |
[1:31:09] | – Sold for 2250. And now… – Twenty-two-fifty for that chromo? | -卖出价位2250 现在 -2250买那种次品 |
[1:31:18] | Number 110 in the catalog. | 卖品目录110号 |
[1:31:21] | A Louis XV carved and gilded lit de repos. | 路易·卡尔雕塑作品 |
[1:31:25] | Would somebody start the bidding at $750, please? | 哪位以750美元出价 |
[1:31:28] | How do we know it’s not a fake? It looks like a fake. | 怎么知道那不是假货 看来很假 |
[1:31:34] | Well, one thing we know: You’re no fake. You’re a genuine idiot. | 我们只知道你不假 是真白痴 |
[1:31:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:31:40] | I wonder if I could respectfully ask the gentleman… | 那位先生是否 |
[1:31:42] | …to get into the spirit of the proceedings. | 让拍卖顺利进行 |
[1:31:45] | All right. I’ll start it at 8. | 好啊我出800元 |
[1:31:47] | Eight hundred. Thank you. Nine hundred? | 800元 谢谢 900元 |
[1:31:51] | – One thousand is bid. Go 12? – Eleven. | -有人出1000 没有1200吗 -1100 |
[1:31:55] | Eleven is bid. Thank you. Go 12. | 出到1100 谢谢 谁出1200 |
[1:31:58] | I have 11. Go 12. Who’ll say 12? | 有出1100了 谁出1200 |
[1:32:01] | Eleven once. Who’ll say 12? | 1100一次 谁出1200 |
[1:32:04] | Eleven twice. Twelve, thank you. | 1100两次 1200 谢谢 |
[1:32:07] | Twelve is bid. I have 12. Go 13. Who’ll say 13? | 出到1200了 谁出1300 |
[1:32:10] | Thirteen dollars. | 13美元 |
[1:32:14] | You mean 1300, sir. | 您是说1300吧 |
[1:32:16] | No, no, no, I mean $13. That’s more than it’s worth. | 我是说13美元 这都高了 |
[1:32:22] | I… | 我 |
[1:32:23] | I have 1200. Go 13. Who’ll say 13? | 有人出1200了 谁出1300 |
[1:32:28] | Who’ll say 1250? | 谁出1250 |
[1:32:32] | Twelve hundred once, 1200 twice. | 1200一次 1200两次 |
[1:32:35] | – Last call. Twelve hundred. – Two thousand. | -最后一遍 1200 -2000元 |
[1:32:41] | Two thousand? | 2000元 |
[1:32:44] | Twenty-one hundred. | 2100元 |
[1:32:46] | I’m sorry, sir, but we can’t… | 对不起 先生 我们不能 |
[1:32:48] | – Make it 2500. – Ask him to leave. | -那么2500好了 -叫他滚蛋 |
[1:32:55] | – Would the gentleman please cooperate? – The last bid was 1200. | -请这位先生合作 -最后出价是1200 |
[1:32:59] | Twenty-five hundred. My money’s as good as anybody’s. | 2500元 我的钱不也是钱 |
[1:33:03] | – Well, isn’t it? Isn’t it? – I have… | -是不是 -现在是 |
[1:33:06] | – What was it? – Twelve hundred. | -多少了 -1200 |
[1:33:08] | I have 1200 once, 1200 twice. | 1200元一次 1200两次 |
[1:33:12] | – Three thousand. – Sold for 1200. | -3000元 -卖出 1200元 |
[1:33:18] | – I’m not gonna let you get away with that. – You’d better leave, sir. | -不会就这么过去的 不公平 -你最好离开 先生 |
[1:33:21] | No, you take your hands off me or I’ll sue you. | 把你的手拿开 不然我告你 |
[1:33:38] | – What took you so long? – Let’s take a little walk. | -怎么这么晚才来 -我们出去走走吧 |
[1:33:40] | – Get moving. – I haven’t finished bidding yet. | -走吧 -等一下我还没出完价 |
[1:33:42] | Three thousand. I bid 3000. | 3000 我出价3000元 |
[1:33:45] | I’m sorry, old man. Too bad. Keep trying. | 对不起 老兄 很遗憾 继续努力 |
[1:33:49] | Not so rough. | 不要那么粗鲁 |
[1:33:59] | – Handle with care, fellas. – In there. | -小心搬运 朋友们 -进去 |
[1:34:02] | – I’m valuable property. – In. | -我可是贵重品 -进去 |
[1:34:07] | Well, I want to thank you for saving my life. Thank you, my friend. Thank you. | 谢谢两位救了我的命 谢谢 朋友 谢谢 |
[1:34:12] | Save it for the station house. | 到了监狱里再说吧 |
[1:34:18] | Well, let’s have some smiles and good cheer. | 我们应该高兴欢呼 |
[1:34:21] | You’re about to become heroes. Don’t you know who I am? | 你们将成为英雄 知道我是谁 |
[1:34:25] | We’ll find out as soon as we book you for being drunk and disorderly. | 等我们控告你酗酒 并破坏秩序时就知道了 |
[1:34:29] | Drunk and disorderly? That’s chicken feed. You’ve hit the jackpot. | 酗酒破坏秩序 那是小意思 你们中了大奖了 |
[1:34:33] | Chicago police capture United Nations killer. | “芝加哥警方抓获联合国杀手” |
[1:34:38] | My name is Roger Thornhill. | 我是罗杰·桑希尔 |
[1:34:40] | Here. | 看看 |
[1:34:45] | – It’s him. – That’s right. Congratulations, man. | -是他 -这就对了 恭喜了 先生们 |
[1:34:49] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[1:34:50] | This is 1055. Sergeant Flamm. | 这是1055 弗赖姆警探 |
[1:34:52] | We’ve got a man here who answers to the description of Thornhill, Roger. | 我们抓住一个象罗杰·桑希尔的人 |
[1:34:57] | Code 76. | 号码76 |
[1:34:58] | Wanted by NYPD. Positive ID. | 纽约警署通缉 身份确认 |
[1:35:03] | Absolutely. No question. | 绝对是 没问题 |
[1:35:06] | Michigan Avenue. Proceeding north to 42nd precinct. | 密歇根大道正在向北前往42区 |
[1:35:13] | What? | 什么 |
[1:35:16] | Come again? | 再说一遍 |
[1:35:20] | Are you sure? | 你肯定 |
[1:35:22] | Okay. Right. | 好的 |
[1:35:24] | Yeah, I got it. | 我明白 |
[1:35:26] | One-oh-five-five, off and clear. | 1055明白 |
[1:35:30] | – Where are we going? – Airport. | -我们去哪儿 -机场 |
[1:35:33] | – For what? – Orders. | -为什么 -命令 |
[1:35:35] | Airport? I don’t wanna be taken to an airport. | 机场 我不想去什么机场 |
[1:35:38] | – I want to be taken to police headquarters. – You do, huh? | -我想去警察局总部 -是吗 |
[1:35:42] | Why do you think I sent for you? | 知道我为什么叫你们来 |
[1:35:43] | How about this guy, Charlie? He sent for us. | 听听吧 查理 他叫咱们来的 |
[1:35:47] | – Sit back. – Didn’t you hear what I said? | -向后坐 -你没听到我的话吗 |
[1:35:49] | I want to be taken to police headquarters. I’m a dangerous assassin. | 我想被带到警察局去 我是个危险的杀手 |
[1:35:52] | – I’m a mad killer on the loose. – You ought to be ashamed of yourself. | -逍遥法外的杀人狂 -你该为自己感到惭愧 |
[1:36:22] | They said right here. | 他说就在这儿 |
[1:36:24] | Does anyone mind if I sit down? I’ve been running all day. | 介意我坐下吗 我跑了一天了 |
[1:36:38] | Thought I’d never make it. Getting too old for this kind of work. | 还以为赶不上了 我干这种工作已经太老了 |
[1:36:42] | All right, men. Thank you. | 好了 二位 谢谢了 |
[1:36:44] | – This way, Mr. Thornhill. – Wait a minute. | -我们走 桑希尔先生 -等等 |
[1:36:46] | We haven’t much time. Yeah, this way is more private. | 时间很紧了 这条路快点 |
[1:36:53] | – I don’t think I caught your name. – I don’t think I pitched it. | -我没听清你的名字 -我根本就没说 |
[1:36:57] | You’re police, aren’t you? Or is it FBI? | 警察对吗 或者是FBI |
[1:37:00] | FBI, CIA, ONI. | 调查局 中情局 海军情报局 |
[1:37:02] | – We’re all in the same alphabet soup. – Really? | -一回事 -是吗 |
[1:37:05] | You can stick this in your alphabet soup. I had nothing to do with that killing. | 你必须搞清楚 我和凶杀案无关 |
[1:37:09] | – We know that. – You know it? | -我们知道 -你们知道 |
[1:37:11] | Then why did you let the police chase me all over the map? | 那为什么还追捕我 |
[1:37:14] | We never interfere with the police, unless absolutely necessary. | 我们从不干涉警察 除非迫不得已 |
[1:37:18] | – It’s become necessary. – Oh, I see. | -现在就是时候了 -我明白了 |
[1:37:21] | Well, then, I take it I’m going to be cleared. | 那么我清白了 |
[1:37:23] | I do wish you’d walk faster, Mr. Thornhill. We’ll miss the plane. | 快点走 否则要错过飞机了 |
[1:37:26] | Where are we going? New York or Washington? | 去哪里 纽约还是华盛顿 |
[1:37:28] | Rapid City, South Dakota. | 拉皮德市 南达科他州 |
[1:37:31] | – Rapid City? What for? – It’s near Mount Rushmore. | -拉皮德市 为什么 -拉什莫山附近 |
[1:37:34] | No, thank you. I’ve seen Mount Rushmore. | 谢谢 我已经去过拉什莫山了 |
[1:37:36] | So has your friend Mr. Vandamm. | 你的朋友梵丹也是 |
[1:37:39] | Vandamm? | 梵丹 |
[1:37:41] | A rather formidable kind of gentleman, eh? | 不好对付的家伙 对吗 |
[1:37:44] | What about that treacherous little tramp with him? | 还有那个阴险的女人呢 |
[1:37:47] | – Miss Kendall? – Yeah. | -肯德尔小姐 -是的 |
[1:37:48] | His mistress. We know all about her. | 是他情妇 我们很了解她 |
[1:37:52] | Tell me, what’s Vandamm up to? | 告诉我梵丹要干什么 |
[1:37:54] | Oh, you could say he’s a sort of importer- exporter. | 可以说是个进出口商 |
[1:37:57] | Of what? | 商品呢 |
[1:37:59] | Oh. Government secrets, perhaps. | 哦 也许是国家机密 |
[1:38:02] | Well, then why don’t you grab him? | 为什么不抓他 |
[1:38:04] | There’s still too much we don’t know about his organization. | 我们还不太了解他的组织 |
[1:38:07] | Oh, I see. | 我明白了 |
[1:38:08] | What’s all this got to do with Mount Rushmore? | 这和拉什莫山有什么关系 |
[1:38:11] | Well, Vandamm has a place near there. | 梵丹在那儿有栋房子 |
[1:38:13] | We think it’s his jumping-off point to leave the country tomorrow night. | 他明晚会从那儿出国潜逃 |
[1:38:17] | – Are you gonna stop him? – No. | -你们准备阻止他吗 -不 |
[1:38:19] | Well, then what are we going there for? | 我们去干什么 |
[1:38:21] | To set his mind at ease about George Kaplan. | 让他看到乔治·卡普兰 |
[1:38:25] | Oh, you, huh? You’re George Kaplan, aren’t you? | 哦 你是乔治·卡普兰 对吗 |
[1:38:28] | Oh, no, Mr. Thornhill. There is no such person as George Kaplan. | 不 桑希尔先生 没有乔治·卡普兰 |
[1:38:31] | What do you mean? I’ve been in his room. | 怎么说没这个人 我去过他的房间 |
[1:38:34] | I’ve tried on his clothes. He’s got short sleeves and dandruff. | 试过他的衣服 袖子很短 有头皮屑 |
[1:38:37] | Believe me, Mr. Thornhill, he doesn’t exist. | 桑希尔先生 相信我 他并不存在 |
[1:38:39] | Which is why I’m gonna have to ask you to go on being him for the next 24 hours. | 所以要您再装扮他24小时 |
[1:38:46] | Come on. We’ll discuss it on the plane. | 走吧 到飞机上再谈 |
[1:39:09] | Now, look. You started this decoy business without me, | 听着 你开始这个诱饵计划的时候没有我 |
[1:39:12] | you finish it without me. | 完成也不该有我 |
[1:39:14] | We might have if you hadn’t stumbled into it. | 本来是这样 要是你不插一杠子 |
[1:39:16] | You ought to give me a medal | 你们应该给我发勋章放长假 |
[1:39:18] | instead of asking me to be a target… | 而不是让我继续扮演目标 |
[1:39:20] | …just so your special agent or whatever doesn’t get shot at. | 好让你们的特派员不被干掉 |
[1:39:23] | Not shot at, Mr. Thornhill. Found out. | 不是被干掉 是被发现 |
[1:39:26] | Once found out, they’re as good as dead. | 一旦被发现就会被杀 |
[1:39:28] | Thanks to you, clouds of suspicion are already forming. | 多亏了你 疑云已布好了 |
[1:39:32] | Thanks to me? | 因为我 |
[1:39:34] | – If you’ll get on the plane… – You listen to me. | -先上飞机吧 -不 听我说 |
[1:39:37] | I’m an advertising man, not a red herring. | 我是广告商 不是诱饵 |
[1:39:40] | I’ve got a job, a secretary, a mother… | 我有工作 秘书 母亲 |
[1:39:41] | …two ex-wives and several bartenders dependent upon me… | 两个前妻和几个伙计仰仗着我 |
[1:39:44] | …and I don’t intend to disappoint them all by getting myself killed. | 我不想被人杀死 让他们失望 |
[1:39:48] | The answer is no. | 我的回答是不 |
[1:39:50] | – Is that final? – Yes. | -你决定了 -是的 |
[1:39:53] | – Goodbye, then. – Goodbye. | -那么再见 -再见 |
[1:39:55] | If there was a chance of changing your mind I’d talk about Miss Kendall. | 想让你改变主意就要谈肯德尔小姐 |
[1:39:59] | Of whom you so obviously disapprove. | 看来你对她很有意见 |
[1:40:01] | Yes, for using sex like some people use a fly swatter. | 是的 她利用性诱惑男人 |
[1:40:06] | I don’t suppose it would matter to you… | 如果她是不得已保护自己 |
[1:40:08] | …that she was probably forced to do whatever she did to protect herself. | 你还对此耿耿于怀吗 |
[1:40:12] | To protect herself from what? | 她保护自己什么 |
[1:40:14] | Exposure and assassination. | 暴露身份 被杀害 |
[1:40:18] | You see, Mr. Thornhill, she…. | 桑希尔先生 她 |
[1:40:21] | She’s one of our agents. | 她是我们的情报员 |
[1:40:24] | – Oh, no. – I know you didn’t mean it… | -哦 不 -我知道你是无意的 |
[1:40:26] | …but I’m afraid you have put her in an extremely dangerous situation. | 但你让她处于险境中 |
[1:40:32] | And much more than her life is at stake. | 而且损失的不光是她的生命 |
[1:40:49] | – Suppose they don’t come? – They’ll come. | -他们会不会不来了 -会来的 |
[1:40:54] | I don’t like the way Teddy Roosevelt is looking at me. | 我不喜欢罗斯福看我的样子 |
[1:40:58] | Perhaps he’s trying to give you one last word of caution, Mr. Kaplan. | 也许他想给你警告 卡普兰先生 |
[1:41:02] | Speak soft, and carry a big stick. | 要轻声说话 要带根木棍 |
[1:41:04] | He’s trying to tell me not to go through with this harebrained scheme. | 我想他在劝我 这么危险的计划不要再进行了 |
[1:41:08] | He doesn’t know to what extent you’re the cause of our present trouble. | 也许他不知道你有多么重要 |
[1:41:11] | I don’t know that I care to accept that charge, professor. | 我不知道为什么来趟这趟浑水 |
[1:41:14] | Dear, fellow, if you hadn’t made yourself so attractive to Miss Kendall… | 要不是你这么有吸引力 让肯德尔小姐 |
[1:41:18] | – …that she fell for you… – And vice versa. | -爱上了你 -我也爱上了她 |
[1:41:21] | …our friend Vandamm wouldn’t be losing faith in her loyalty now. | 梵丹就不会对她失去信任 |
[1:41:24] | It was quite obvious to him last night that she had become emotionally involved. | 昨晚他看出肯德尔已经陷入情网 |
[1:41:28] | Worst of all, with a man he thinks is a government agent. | 而且是和他以为的政府情报员 |
[1:41:33] | Are you trying to tell me that I’m irresistible? | 你想告诉我我是不可抗拒的 |
[1:41:35] | I’m trying to remind you it is your responsibility to help us restore her… | 我想提醒你有责任 来帮助我们重新树立 |
[1:41:39] | …to Vandamm’s good graces… | 梵丹对肯德尔的信任 |
[1:41:41] | …right up to the point he leaves the country tonight. | 直到今晚他出国为止 |
[1:41:44] | All right, all right. | 好吧 |
[1:41:46] | But, after tonight…. | 过了今晚呢 |
[1:41:48] | My blessings on you both. | 那就祝福二位了 |
[1:42:05] | Here they are. | 他们来了 |
[1:43:00] | – Good afternoon, Mr. Kaplan. – Not her. | -下午好 卡普兰先生 -让她走 |
[1:43:12] | Did I misunderstand you about bringing her here? | 我误会了 你不想让她来吗 |
[1:43:15] | We’ll get to that later. | 过一会再说这个 |
[1:43:18] | I suppose you were surprised to get my call. | 接到我的电话很吃惊吧 |
[1:43:20] | Not at all. I knew the police would release you, Mr. Kaplan. | 我知道警察会放了你 卡普兰先生 |
[1:43:24] | By the way, I want to compliment you on your colorful exit… | 另外我想大大地称赞您逃出拍卖会的 |
[1:43:27] | …from the auction gallery. | 精彩方式 |
[1:43:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:43:31] | And now, what little drama are we here for today? | 今天看什么演出呢 |
[1:43:34] | I don’t for a moment believe that you’ve invited me to these gay surroundings… | 我不认为你把我约到这儿 |
[1:43:38] | …to come to a business arrangement. | 是要和我谈做生意的 |
[1:43:42] | Suppose I tell you I not only know the exact time | 我不仅知道你今晚 |
[1:43:44] | you’re leaving the country tonight… | 离开的时间 |
[1:43:46] | …but the latitude and longitude of your rendezvous… | 还知道确切地点 |
[1:43:49] | …and your ultimate destination. | 以及目的地 |
[1:43:51] | You wouldn’t care to carry my bags for me, would you? | 你想替我拿行李是吗 |
[1:43:54] | Perhaps you’d be interested in the price, just the same. | 也许你和我一样对价格感兴趣 |
[1:43:58] | – The price? – For doing nothing to stop you. | -价格 -我不阻拦你的代价 |
[1:44:03] | How much did you have in mind? | 那你想要多少 |
[1:44:05] | I want the girl. | 那个女孩子 |
[1:44:10] | I want the girl to get what’s coming to her. | 我想让她付代价 |
[1:44:13] | Turn her over to me, I’ll see there’s enough pinned on her to keep her… | 把她交给我 我会让她下半辈子 |
[1:44:16] | …uncomfortable for the rest of her life. | 没一天舒服得了 |
[1:44:20] | You do that, and I’ll look the other way tonight. | 你要是答应 我就放你走 |
[1:44:23] | She really did get under your skin. | 她真地伤你很深 是吗 |
[1:44:25] | We’re not talking about my skin. We’re talking about yours. | 且不谈我的伤害 现在说的是你 |
[1:44:28] | – I’m offering you a chance to save it. – To exchange it. | -我在给你机会 能够活命 -为了交换 |
[1:44:33] | Put it any way you like. | 随你怎么理解 |
[1:44:35] | I’m curious, Mr. Kaplan. | 我很好奇 卡普兰先生 |
[1:44:37] | What made you arrive at the deduction that my feelings for Miss Kendall… | 是什么让你推断出我对肯德尔小姐的感情 |
[1:44:41] | …have deteriorated to the point where I would trade her in for peace of mind? | 已退化到我会拿她做交易 好换取我的一份平安 |
[1:44:46] | I don’t deduce. I observe. | 我不推断 只是观察 |
[1:44:52] | Phillip, if you don’t mind, I’m going back to the house now. | 如果你不介意 我要回房了 |
[1:45:08] | Just a second, you. | 请你等一下 |
[1:45:09] | Stay away from me. Let go. Let go of me. | 离我远点 放开我 |
[1:45:13] | Stay away from me. Let go. | 别碰我 |
[1:45:15] | Let go of me. | 放开我 |
[1:45:17] | – Now, save the phony tears. – You just get back. | -收起鳄鱼眼泪吧 -你给我退后 |
[1:45:22] | – You little fool. – You just stay away from me. | -你别干傻事 -你离我远点 |
[1:45:31] | No good, sir. You can’t get involved in this. | 你不能被牵连进去 |
[1:45:38] | – Don’t touch anything. – Stand back. | -别碰他 -往后站 |
[1:45:40] | Stand back. | 大伙儿往后站 |
[1:46:33] | Mr. Thornhill? | 桑希尔先生 |
[1:46:42] | Don’t be long. | 节省时间 |
[1:46:47] | Hello. | 你好 |
[1:46:50] | Hello. | 你好 |
[1:46:52] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧 |
[1:46:54] | Yes, I think so. | 我想是的 |
[1:46:56] | I asked the professor if I could see you again. | 我问教授是不是还能再见到你 |
[1:47:02] | There’s not much time. | 我们时间不多 |
[1:47:05] | Isn’t there? | 是吗 |
[1:47:07] | I wanted to tell you…. | 我很想告诉你 |
[1:47:09] | I mean, apologize. | 我很抱歉 |
[1:47:12] | No need. | 不必抱歉 |
[1:47:15] | I understand. | 我了解 |
[1:47:19] | All in the line of duty. | 你在履行职责 |
[1:47:22] | I did treat you miserably. | 我确实很伤人地对待你 |
[1:47:25] | I, uh…. | 我 |
[1:47:26] | I hated you for it. | 我为此而恨你 |
[1:47:29] | I didn’t want you to go on thinking that I…. | 我不想让你认为我是 |
[1:47:32] | And I… I used some pretty harsh words. I’m sorry. | 我说了好多刻薄字眼 真抱歉 |
[1:47:36] | They hurt deeply. | 我深受伤害 |
[1:47:38] | – Well, naturally, if I’d known… – I couldn’t tell you. | -可我要是早知道 -我不能告诉你 |
[1:47:42] | – Of course not. – Could I? | -当然不能 -我能吗 |
[1:47:45] | No, I guess not. | 我想是不能的 |
[1:47:49] | – You didn’t get hurt. I’m so relieved. – Of course I was hurt. | -你没受伤 我就放心多了 -当然受伤了 |
[1:47:52] | – How would you have felt? – In the cafeteria, when you fell. | -要是你会怎样 -我是说在餐厅里你摔倒了 |
[1:47:55] | – When I shot you with the blanks. – Oh, that. No. | -我用空枪射你的时候 -哦 那时候 没有 |
[1:47:59] | – You did it rather well, I thought. – Yes, I thought I was quite graceful. | -你装的非常象 -我想我演技不错 |
[1:48:04] | Considering it’s not really your kind of work. | 而且那不是你真正的工作 |
[1:48:08] | Well, I got into it by accident. What’s your excuse? | 我是偶然陷进来的 你呢 |
[1:48:14] | I met Phillip Vandamm at a party one night and saw only his charm. | 我在聚会上碰到菲利普·梵丹 被他吸引住了 |
[1:48:21] | I guess I had nothing to do that weekend, so I…. | 可能是那个周末我无所事事 所以 |
[1:48:24] | I decided to fall in love. | 我就决定去恋爱 |
[1:48:27] | Well, that’s nice. | 真不错 |
[1:48:30] | Eventually, the professor and his Washington colleagues approached me… | 后来教授和他的同事们和我接触 |
[1:48:35] | …with a few sordid details about Phillip and he told me that… | 告诉我菲利普那些坏事 |
[1:48:40] | …my relationship with him made me uniquely valuable to them. | 他们说我对他们具有独特的价值 |
[1:48:46] | So you became a Girl Scout, huh? | 于是你就成了内线 |
[1:48:49] | Maybe it was the first time anyone ever asked me to do anything worthwhile. | 也许这是第一次有人请求我做一点值得做的事情 |
[1:48:55] | Has life been like that? | 这就是你的生活 |
[1:48:59] | How come? | 怎么会呢 |
[1:49:03] | Men like you. | 你这种男人 |
[1:49:06] | What’s wrong with men like me? | 我这种男人怎么了 |
[1:49:09] | They don’t believe in marriage. | 你们不相信婚姻 |
[1:49:11] | I’ve been married twice. | 我结过两次婚 |
[1:49:13] | See what I mean? | 你明白了吗 |
[1:49:16] | I may go back to hating you. It was more fun. | 我还是改回去恨你好了 更有趣 |
[1:49:26] | Goodbye, darling. | 再见 亲爱的 |
[1:49:29] | – Wait a minute. Not so soon. – No, I gotta get back and convince them… | -等一会儿 别这么快 -我还要赶回去说 |
[1:49:32] | …that I took the long way around so nobody followed me. | 我绕了个圈子 好让人无法跟踪我 |
[1:49:37] | Couldn’t we stand like this for just a few hours? | 我们不能就这么站几个小时吗 |
[1:49:40] | Just this time you’re supposed to be critically wounded. | 这时候你应该受了重伤 |
[1:49:42] | I never felt more alive. | 我觉得充满精力 |
[1:49:44] | Well, whose side are you on? | 你站在谁一边 |
[1:49:47] | Yours, always, darling. | 永远是你那边 宝贝 |
[1:49:50] | Please don’t undermine my resolve just when I need it most. | 那就不要在我最需要决心的时候摧毁它 |
[1:50:01] | Oh, well, I guess it’s off to the hospital for me and back to danger for you. | 现在我要回到医院 而你回到危险中去 |
[1:50:05] | I don’t like it a bit. | 这可不好 |
[1:50:07] | It’s much safer now, thanks to you, my darling decoy. | 现在安全多了 要谢谢你 |
[1:50:12] | Don’t thank me. I couldn’t stand it. | 不要谢我 我受不了 |
[1:50:14] | All right. I won’t. | 那么好吧 |
[1:50:16] | After your malevolent friend Vandamm takes off tonight… | 等梵丹今晚起飞以后 |
[1:50:19] | …you and I are gonna get together | 我们在一起 |
[1:50:20] | and do a lot of apologizing to each other in private. | 要互相道很多歉呢 |
[1:50:23] | – You know that can’t be. – Of course it can be. | -你知道那不可能 -当然可能 |
[1:50:30] | He has told you, hasn’t he? | 他告诉过你了 是吗 |
[1:50:33] | – Told me what? – Miss Kendall, you gotta get moving. | -告诉我什么 -肯德尔小姐 你必须走了 |
[1:50:36] | – Wait a minute. What didn’t you tell me? – Why didn’t you? | -等一下 你有什么没告诉我 -为什么不说 |
[1:50:40] | She’s going off with Vandamm tonight on the plane. | 她要和梵丹一起离开 |
[1:50:45] | She’s going off with Vandamm? | 她要和梵丹一起走 |
[1:50:47] | We went to such lengths to make her a fugitive from justice. | 所以我们费这么大的劲把她变成一个逃犯 |
[1:50:50] | So that Vandamm couldn’t very well decline to take her along. | 梵丹就不会带着她很长时间了 |
[1:50:53] | I needn’t tell you how valuable she can be to us over there. | 我没必要告诉你她对我们多重要 |
[1:50:57] | You lied to me. You said that after tonight… | 你骗了我 你说过了今晚 |
[1:50:59] | – I needed your help. – Well, you got it, all right. | -我需要你的帮助 -我已经帮过了 |
[1:51:02] | Don’t be angry. | 不要生气 |
[1:51:03] | You think I’m gonna let you go through with this? | 我还会让你继续这种勾当吗 |
[1:51:06] | – Oh, she has to. – Nobody has to do anything. | -可她必须做 -没人必须做什么 |
[1:51:08] | I don’t like the games you play, professor. | 我不喜欢你的游戏 教授 |
[1:51:12] | War is hell, Mr. Thornhill, even when it’s a cold one. | 战争是地狱 即使是冷战 |
[1:51:15] | If you can’t lick the Vandamms of this world… | 如果你们不能靠自己把梵丹们从世界上清除 |
[1:51:18] | …without asking girls to bed down and fly away with them… | 而要让这样的女孩出卖色相 和他们一起 |
[1:51:21] | …and never come back… | 有可能回不来 |
[1:51:23] | …perhaps you ought to learn how to lose a few cold wars. | 你们也许要输掉几次冷战 |
[1:51:26] | I’m afraid we’re already doing that. | 我想我们已经在这样做了 |
[1:51:35] | – I’m not gonna let you do this. Get out. – Please don’t spoil everything. Please. | -我不能让你回去了 -请不要破坏这一切 |
[1:51:45] | …Mr. Kaplan twice in full view of horrified men, women and children… | 卡普兰先生被射中两次 旁边站满了受惊的人们 |
[1:51:49] | …who had come to the park to see the famed Mount Rushmore monument. | 他们是来观赏拉什莫山纪念碑的 |
[1:51:53] | Witnesses described Kaplan’s assailant as an attractive blonde in her late twenties. | 目击者说枪杀卡普兰的是位20多岁金发女郎 |
[1:51:58] | Kaplan, who was removed to the Rapid City Hospital in critical condition… | 卡普兰被送到拉皮德市立医院 |
[1:52:02] | …has been tentatively identified as an employee of the federal government. | 初步被认定为一位联邦雇员 |
[1:52:06] | The tragedy developed with startling suddenness. | 悲剧来得相当突然 |
[1:52:09] | Chris Swenson, a busboy in the Mount Rushmore cafeteria… | 克里斯·斯文森是咖啡厅男招待 |
[1:52:12] | …stated that he heard voices raised in… | 他说他听到他们大声 |
[1:52:21] | – Here we are. – Hello. | -拿来了 -你好 |
[1:52:24] | Slacks, a shirt and these. | 长裤 衬衫 还有这些 |
[1:52:26] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:52:28] | That’ll do for you around here for the next couple of days. | 接下来两天都够穿了 |
[1:52:32] | For the next couple of days? | 接下来两天 |
[1:52:35] | – Hey. – What? | -嘿 -怎么了 |
[1:52:36] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[1:52:38] | That’s where I hit the chair doing that phony fall in the cafeteria. | 咖啡厅里假摔时撞的痕迹 |
[1:52:41] | You and your dopey schemes, shootings. | 就是那个开空枪的计划 |
[1:52:43] | – Otherwise, feeling all right? – Oh, yeah. Fine. | -其它都还好吧 -很好 |
[1:52:47] | Considering your driver has a sledgehammer for a hand. | 你的司机力气够大的 |
[1:52:50] | Yeah, I’m sorry about that. | 真对不起 |
[1:52:53] | No, that’s all right. I guess I deserved it. | 没关系 我想我是活该 |
[1:52:56] | I guess I deserve that locked door too. | 还有这扇上锁的门 |
[1:52:58] | You seen wandering about in good health could’ve proved fatal to Miss Kendall. | 要是有人看见你健康地乱跑 肯德尔小姐可就危险了 |
[1:53:03] | – I’ve begun to forget her already. – Good. | -我已经开始准备忘记她了 -很好 |
[1:53:06] | – Better that way. – Yeah, much. | -最好那样 -是的 好多了 |
[1:53:09] | Inside of an hour, she’ll be gone. | 还有一小时 她就走了 |
[1:53:14] | – How’s everything out in Rapid City? – Oh, everything’s fine. | -拉皮德市一切都还好吧 -一切都好 |
[1:53:18] | Mr. Kaplan’s untimely shooting has now acquired the authority of the printed word. | 卡普兰先生被刺成了一致热点 |
[1:53:22] | Everyone’s been cooperating beautifully. | 每个人都在非常好的合作 |
[1:53:25] | Well, now you can include me. | 现在也包括我了 |
[1:53:27] | – I’m a cooperator. – I’m most grateful. | -我是个合作者 -我非常感谢 |
[1:53:30] | – Care to do me a favor in return? – Anything. | -能否帮我个忙作为报答 -说吧 |
[1:53:33] | I’d like a drink. Will you get me a…? Get me some bourbon? | 我想喝点酒 能拿点儿波本吗 |
[1:53:36] | A pint will do. | 一点就行 |
[1:53:38] | Can I join you? | 我能加入吗 |
[1:53:40] | Well, if you’re gonna join me, you better make it a quart. | 你要想加入 最好是一大瓶 |
[1:53:43] | – See you in a few minutes. – Yeah. | -过几分钟就来 -好的 |
[1:54:50] | – Stop. – Oh, excuse me. | -站住 -对不起 |
[1:54:53] | Stop. | 站住 |
[1:55:18] | – You don’t want me to take you up there? – No, thanks. Never mind. | -不用我把你带上去吗 -不了 谢谢 这就行了 |
[1:55:21] | Oh, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:58:07] | – There’s nothing to worry about. – I just lost my head. | -没什么值得担心的 -我六神无主了 |
[1:58:11] | I’m not just saying this to make you feel better. | 我不是讨好你才这么说 |
[1:58:14] | I mean it. | 说真的 |
[1:58:16] | I just didn’t know what I was doing. | 我不知道当时在做什么 |
[1:58:18] | He wanted to destroy you. You had to protect yourself. | 他要把你毁灭 你必须保护自己 |
[1:58:21] | – But not endanger you. – Ah, rubbish. | -但是不该危及到你 -别乱说 |
[1:58:24] | Soon we’ll be off together and I shall dedicate myself to your happiness. | 很快我们就要离开 我会尽全力让你幸福 |
[1:58:30] | What’s the situation, Leonard? | 情况怎么样 莱昂纳多 |
[1:58:32] | – About the plane, you mean? – Of course. | -你指的是飞机吗 -当然 |
[1:58:34] | What was the last report? | 最后的报告说什么 |
[1:58:36] | Over Whitestone on the hour, 6000, descending. | 惠斯东上空6千英尺 要降落了 |
[1:58:39] | – About ten minutes, huh? – At the most. | -只有10分钟了 是吗 -最多了 |
[1:58:42] | And now, uh…. | 现在 |
[1:58:44] | I wonder if I might have a few words of parting with you, sir? | 能不能和你说几句话 |
[1:58:47] | Certainly. | 当然了 |
[1:58:49] | In private? | 就咱们俩 |
[1:58:52] | I’ll go up and get my things. | 我要上去拿东西 |
[1:58:54] | Well, Leonard… | 莱昂纳多 |
[1:58:56] | …how does one say goodbye to one’s right arm? | 真不愿和你就这么分别 |
[1:59:06] | I’m afraid you’re gonna wish you had cut it off sooner. | 看来你应该尽快离开这儿 |
[1:59:13] | I know how terribly fond you are of Miss Kendall…. | 我知道你对肯德尔小姐有多喜欢 |
[1:59:16] | I don’t find this a terribly attractive…. | 可我并不觉得她有如此迷人 |
[1:59:22] | – She is not to be trusted. – You’re being mysterious. | -她这个人不可信 -你真是疑神疑鬼 |
[1:59:26] | I’m not being mysterious at all. | 我才没疑神疑鬼 |
[2:00:01] | It couldn’t have been anything. | 没什么事 |
[2:00:07] | You must’ve had some doubts about her yourself. | 可能你自己也对她有点怀疑 |
[2:00:11] | – And still do. – Rubbish. | -尤其是现在 -胡说 |
[2:00:14] | Why else would you have decided not to tell her… | 那你为什么不告诉她 |
[2:00:17] | …that our little treasure here has a bellyful of microfilm? | 在这件宝物中藏着微型胶卷呢 |
[2:00:20] | You seem to be trying to fill mine with rotten apples. | 你是想灌输一些想法到我头脑 |
[2:00:22] | Sometimes the truth does taste like worms. | 有的时候真相难以接受 |
[2:00:24] | The truth? I’ve heard nothing but innuendoes. | 真相 我只听到暗示性的话 |
[2:00:27] | Call it my woman’s intuition if you will, but I’ve never trusted neatness. | 或者你认为是妇人之见 但我不相信干脆利落 |
[2:00:31] | Neatness is always the result of deliberate planning. | 那只可能是事先计划的结果 |
[2:00:33] | She shot him in a moment of fear and anger. | 她在惊恐和愤怒中开了枪 |
[2:00:36] | – You were there yourself. You saw it. – Yes. | -你自己也都看见了 -是的 |
[2:00:41] | And thereby wrapped everything up into one very neat and tidy bundle. | 这样才能把一切干脆利落藏起来 |
[2:00:47] | A, she removed any doubts you may have had about her, uh…. | 首先她驱除了你的怀疑 |
[2:00:51] | Now, what did you call it, her devotion? | 你怎么说来着 献身 |
[2:00:53] | B, she gave herself a new and urgent reason | 其次她有新理由 |
[2:00:56] | to be taken to the other side with you… | 和你呆在一起 |
[2:00:58] | – …in case you decided to change your mind. – You know what I think? | -以免你改变主意 -知道我在想什么 |
[2:01:03] | I think you’re jealous. | 我想你是嫉妒 |
[2:01:04] | No, I mean it, and I’m very touched. Very… | 说真的 我很感动 真的 |
[2:01:10] | Leonard! | 莱昂纳多 |
[2:01:19] | The gun she shot Kaplan with. | 这是她向卡普兰开的枪 |
[2:01:21] | I found it in her luggage. | 在她行李中找到的 |
[2:01:24] | It’s an old trick. Shoot one of your own to show that you’re not one of them. | 老花样 朝你自己人开枪证明不是一伙的 |
[2:01:28] | They’ve just freshened it up a bit with blank cartridges. | 他们只不过改良 使用空膛的枪 |
[2:01:45] | What was that noise? | 那是什么声音 |
[2:01:50] | Yes, we wondered what it was too. Didn’t we, Leonard? | 我们也在奇怪 是吧 莱昂纳多 |
[2:01:54] | Hurry, darling. It’s almost time to leave. | 赶快下来 宝贝 快出发了 |
[2:01:56] | In a moment. | 这就好了 |
[2:02:07] | You’re not taking her on that plane with you? | 你不会把她带到飞机上吧 |
[2:02:09] | Of course I am. | 当然要带 |
[2:02:12] | Like our friends, I too believe in neatness, Leonard. | 就像我们的老朋友 我也相信干脆利落 |
[2:02:15] | This matter is best disposed of from a great height… | 这件事情在高空过海的时候解决 |
[2:02:20] | …over water. | 最好不过 |
[2:03:08] | How about a little champagne before we go? | 我们离开以前喝点香槟怎么样 |
[2:03:10] | I’d love it. | 很好啊 |
[2:03:12] | – It may not be cold enough. – Over the rocks will be all right. | -酒可能不太凉 -在架子上的会好些 |
[2:03:15] | – Are you sure? – Mm- hm. | -你肯定 -是的 |
[2:03:18] | My dear. | 亲爱的 |
[2:04:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[2:04:33] | To you, my dear, and all the lovely moments we’ve had together. | 干杯 为我们共度的好时光 |
[2:04:38] | Thank you, Phillip. | 谢谢 菲利普 |
[2:04:40] | There he is. | 他们来了 |
[2:04:49] | Jump in, Leonard. The champagne’s fine. | 香槟 莱昂纳多 香槟不错 |
[2:04:51] | There isn’t time. | 没时间了 |
[2:04:53] | You always were a spoilsport, weren’t you? | 你总扫人家兴 是吧 |
[2:04:56] | One of my most valuable attributes as it now turns out. | 这是我最宝贵的美德 象现在 |
[2:05:02] | It would please me if you would think of me as being along on this journey… | 如果您在旅途中能想起我 我会非常高兴 |
[2:05:06] | – …if only in spirit. – I shall, Leonard. | -即使只是想想 -我会的 莱昂纳多 |
[2:05:17] | He’s heading pretty far out on the north leg and awfully high. | 正在北边旗子旁边 飞得非常高 |
[2:05:21] | I guess he’s gonna play it safe with a long, slow descent. | 他飞这么慢 只是想降落得安稳 |
[2:05:26] | You couldn’t ask for a better night than this. | 没有比今晚更好的了 |
[2:05:28] | Ceiling and possibilities unlimited. | 没有障碍 |
[2:05:33] | Ah, there he goes, starting his turn. | 他过来了 开始转弯 |
[2:05:36] | Well, we better get moving. | 我们现在动身吧 |
[2:05:40] | He should have his wheels on the ground inside of three minutes. | 3分钟之内就会完全降落 |
[2:05:47] | – Come along, Eve. – All right. | -走吧 伊芙 -好的 |
[2:05:51] | I think I left my earrings upstairs. I’ll be right down. | 我想我把耳环落在楼上了 这就下来 |
[2:06:08] | We can get out through the window. There’s a car. | 从窗户爬出去 下边有车 |
[2:06:10] | What are you doing? You’ll ruin everything. | 你在干什么 会把一切搞糟的 |
[2:06:12] | They know about the shooting. They’re going to do away with you! | 他们知道了开空枪的事 他们要对你下毒手了 |
[2:06:15] | – What are you talking about? – Leonard found the gun in your luggage. | -到底怎么回事 -莱昂纳多在你的行李中找到了枪 |
[2:06:19] | The figure they got at the auction is filled with microfilm. | 他们昨晚买的塑像藏着微型胶卷 |
[2:06:22] | – That’s how he’s been getting it. – Miss Kendall? | -原来他这么得到信息 -肯德尔小姐 |
[2:06:26] | Whatever you do, don’t get on that plane. | 不管怎么样 千万别上飞机 |
[2:06:35] | Don’t worry, Anna. Arrangements have been made. | 别担心 安娜 安排好了 |
[2:06:38] | You and your husband will be over the Canadian border by morning. | 明早你和你丈夫已经到加拿大了 |
[2:06:41] | – Thank you very much, sir. – Be careful. | -非常感谢 先生 -小心 |
[2:06:43] | We will, sir, and God bless you. | 一路平安 上帝保佑您 |
[2:07:00] | – Thank you for everything. – Be careful, now. | -谢谢 -你们自己保重 |
[2:07:02] | Now, you’re not gonna leave the house until we’re…. | 别离开房子 直到我们 |
[2:07:05] | I’ll wait, sir. I certainly will. Safe journey. | 我一定会看好家的 旅途愉快 |
[2:07:09] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[2:07:13] | Bye. | 再见 |
[2:07:51] | Stay where you are. | 站住别动 |
[2:08:04] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[2:08:10] | As soon as the plane leaves, my husband and Mr. Leonard will be back. | 飞机一起飞 我丈夫和莱昂纳多先生就会回来 |
[2:08:41] | What is it? | 怎么回事 |
[2:08:44] | I was wondering about my earrings. | 还是在想我的耳环 |
[2:08:46] | They’ll turn up. | 以后会找到的 |
[2:08:52] | When you return to New York, say goodbye to my sister for me. | 回到纽约 向我妹妹道个别 |
[2:08:55] | And thank her for her superb performance as Mrs. Townsend. | 并为她扮演唐森太太感谢她 |
[2:08:57] | – I’ll do that. – Tell your knife-throwing chum… | -我会的 -告诉那位刀客 |
[2:09:00] | …that I’ve reassured his wife. | 我们保护了他太太 |
[2:09:01] | – All right. – That’s about all, Leonard. | -好的 -就这些了 莱昂纳多 |
[2:09:20] | Get that figure back from her. | 把塑像夺回来 |
[2:09:28] | The housekeeper had me pinned down… | 管家把我看制了5分钟以后 |
[2:09:30] | …before I realized it was that same silly gun of yours. | 我才发现那把枪就是你射我的枪 |
[2:09:33] | – I see you’ve got the pumpkin. – Yes. | -看来你拿到东西了 -是的 |
[2:10:14] | This is no good. We’re on top of the monument. | 这边不行 我们在石像头上 |
[2:10:35] | – What do we do? – Climb down. | -现在怎么办 -爬下去 |
[2:10:37] | We can’t. | 这样不行 |
[2:10:38] | Here they come. We have no choice. | 他们来了 我们别无选择 |
[2:11:30] | Well, if we ever get out of this alive… | 如果我们过了这一关 |
[2:11:32] | …let’s go back to New York on the train together. | 咱俩就一起坐火车回纽约 |
[2:11:34] | All right? | 好吗 |
[2:11:36] | Is that a proposition? | 这是向我求爱吗 |
[2:11:39] | It’s a proposal, sweetie. | 这是在求婚 亲爱的 |
[2:11:42] | What happened to the first two marriages? | 你上两次婚姻怎么回事 |
[2:11:45] | My wives divorced me. | 是我太太们要离的 |
[2:11:47] | – Why? – Well, I think they said I led too dull a life. | -为什么 -我想是因为和我生活太乏味 |
[2:11:51] | – Ha, ha. – Come on. | -哈哈 -来吧 |
[2:12:03] | You all right? | 你没事吧 |
[2:12:08] | All right, all right. | 没事了 好了 |
[2:12:15] | Okay. Come on. | 来吧 咱们走 |
[2:12:17] | Come on. Come up here. | 爬起来 |
[2:12:20] | Come on. Come on. Come on. | 来吧 来吧 来吧 |
[2:15:07] | Help. Help me. | 救人啊 |
[2:15:41] | Thank you, sergeant. | 谢谢 警官 |
[2:15:42] | That wasn’t very sporting, using real bullets? | 这可不公平 你们用真子弹 |
[2:15:46] | Here, reach. Now. | 来 抓住来 |
[2:15:48] | – I’m trying. – Come on, I’ve got you. | -我正在努力 -我抓住你了 |
[2:15:51] | – Up. – I can’t make it. | -上来 -我做不到 |
[2:15:53] | Yes, you can. Come on. | 你行 上来 |
[2:15:55] | – Pull harder. – Come along, Mrs. Thornhill. | -用力拉 -来吧 桑希尔太太 |
[2:16:02] | – Oh. Roger, this is silly. – I know, but I’m sentimental. | -哦 罗杰 这样太傻了 -谁让我爱煽情呢 |