英文名称:Never Let Me Go
年代:2010
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:39] | My name is Kathy H. | 我叫凯茜·H |
[01:42] | I’m 28 years old. | 今年二十八岁 |
[01:47] | I’ve been a carer for nine years. | 我做看护已经九年了 |
[01:57] | And I’m good at my job. | 我做得很出色 |
[02:00] | My patients always do better than expected | 我看护的病人的表现总好于预期 |
[02:03] | and are hardly ever classified as agitated, | 极少有人被归为情绪不稳 |
[02:06] | even if they’re about to make a donation. | 即使他们马上要捐献器官了 |
[02:12] | I’m not trying to boast, | 我并非自吹自擂 |
[02:14] | but I feel a great sense of pride in what we do. | 我很为我们所做的事而骄傲 |
[02:18] | Carers and donors have achieved so much, | 看护和捐献者贡献良多 |
[02:24] | that said, we aren’t machines. | 但我们不是机器 |
[02:30] | In the end, it wears you down. | 最终你只感到精疲力尽 |
[02:34] | I suppose that’s why I now | 大概这就是为什么 |
[02:36] | spend most of my time not looking forwards | 我很少展望未来 |
[02:39] | but looking back, | 而总是回首过往 |
[02:41] | to The Cottages and Hailsham, | 回忆在农舍小屋和黑尔舍姆时 |
[02:45] | and what happened to us there. | 发生在我们身上的往事 |
[02:48] | Me, | 我 |
[02:51] | Tommy, | 汤米 |
[02:54] | and Ruth. | 和露丝 |
[03:05] | When we are scattered afar and asunder | 当我们散落在天涯 |
[03:11] | Parted are those who are singing today | 今日共歌之人各奔东西 |
[03:16] | When we look back and forgetfully wonder | 当我们蓦然回首 不禁忆起 |
[03:21] | What we were like in our learning and play | 学习玩耍时的模样 |
[03:27] | Oh, the great days will bring distance enchanted | 美好时光将拉近彼此的距离 |
[03:32] | Days of fresh air in the rain and the sun | 阳光雨露下的清新岁月 |
[03:37] | How we rejoiced as we struggled and panted | 我们嬉戏游耍 兴高采烈 |
[03:42] | Echoes of dreamland, Hailsham lives on | 梦境的回声中 黑尔舍姆永存 |
[03:56] | Good morning, students. | 同学们早上好 |
[03:58] | Good morning, Miss Emily. | 艾米莉小姐早上好 |
[04:02] | It has come to my attention | 我最近得知 |
[04:03] | that three burned cigarettes were discovered, | 有三支吸过的烟头被发现 |
[04:06] | hidden behind a pot in the flower garden. | 藏在花园一个花钵的后面 |
[04:11] | I know that on occasion students have seen | 我知道 学生偶尔看见过 |
[04:14] | some of the caretakers and deliverymen smoking cigarettes, | 一些杂工和邮递员吸烟 |
[04:18] | but I must emphasize, once again, | 但我要再次强调 |
[04:20] | that it is much, much worse | 相比其他人 |
[04:22] | for a student of Hailsham to smoke cigarettes than anyone else. | 黑尔舍姆的学生吸烟要恶劣得多 |
[04:28] | Students of Hailsham are special. | 黑尔舍姆的学生很特别 |
[04:33] | Keeping yourselves well, keeping yourselves healthy inside, | 保持自己的身心健康 |
[04:38] | is of paramount importance. | 是你们的最高要务 |
[04:40] | Have I made myself clear? | 听清楚了吗 |
[04:42] | Yes, Miss Emily. | 是 艾米莉小姐 |
[04:47] | I think, one day, I’d like five horses. | 我想有一天 我要有五匹马 |
[04:52] | I don’t know all their names, | 它们的名字我还没全部想好 |
[04:54] | but I know I’d like five horses. | 但我知道要五匹 |
[04:56] | The best would be Thunder. | 最棒的那匹叫迅雷 |
[04:58] | He’d be dangerous to ride, so you can’t ride him. | 骑它很危险 所以你骑不了它 |
[05:02] | You can ride | 你可以骑 |
[05:05] | Bramble. | 黑莓木 |
[05:08] | Just so long as you don’t use your crop on him. | 只要你别用短马鞭 |
[05:13] | That’s pretty. | 真漂亮 |
[05:15] | You have it. | 送给你 |
[05:19] | Look. Who’s that with Miss Emily? | 看那边 和艾米莉小姐在一起的是谁 |
[05:23] | Do you think it’s the new guardian? | 你觉得会是新来的学监吗 |
[05:25] | Miss Lucy. | 露茜小姐 |
[05:28] | I think it must be. | 我觉着肯定是她 |
[05:30] | We haven’t had a new guardian for ages. | 我们这儿很久没来新学监了 |
[05:45] | Arthur! Arthur! | 亚瑟 亚瑟 |
[05:52] | Catch it, Tommy. | 接住球 汤米 |
[06:16] | Why didn’t Tommy get the ball? | 汤米为什么不去捡球 |
[06:20] | Excuse me, Miss Lucy? | 您说什么 露茜小姐 |
[06:22] | Why didn’t Tommy get the ball? | 汤米为什么不去捡球 |
[06:26] | When it bounced over the fence, | 球只跃过了栅栏 |
[06:27] | it couldn’t have been far from him. | 离他又不远 |
[06:29] | The fence is the boundary of the Hailsham grounds. | 栅栏是黑尔舍姆操场的边界 |
[06:31] | We don’t go outside the boundary, Miss Lucy. | 我们不能越界 露茜小姐 |
[06:34] | It’s too dangerous. | 那边太危险了 |
[06:36] | Dangerous? | 危险 |
[06:38] | There was once a boy who had a big row with all his friends | 以前有个男孩跟他的伙伴们大吵了一架 |
[06:41] | and then ran off beyond the boundary. | 然后他跑到了边界外边 |
[06:43] | They found him, two days later, in the woods, | 两天后 他们在树林里找到了他 |
[06:46] | tied to a tree. | 被绑在树上 |
[06:48] | With his hands and feet cut off. | 手脚都被砍掉了 |
[06:50] | Dead. | 死了 |
[06:52] | And there was the girl who climbed over the fence, | 还有一个女孩翻过了 |
[06:55] | by the front gate. | 正门旁的栅栏 |
[06:56] | And when she tried to get back, she wasn’t allowed. | 等她想回来时 她不被准许进来 |
[06:59] | And then she starved. Out there. Right by the gates. | 她最后就在大门旁边饿死了 |
[07:07] | Who told you these stories? | 谁给你们讲的这些故事 |
[07:09] | Everybody knows them. | 尽人皆知 |
[07:11] | And how do you know they’re true? | 你怎么知道故事是真的呢 |
[07:13] | Of course they’re true. | 它们当然是真的 |
[07:15] | Who’d make up stories as horrible as that? | 谁会编造这么恐怖的故事呢 |
[07:44] | Tommy, what are you doing? | 汤米 你在做什么 |
[07:47] | What is it, exactly? | 这到底是什么 |
[07:50] | I think it must be a dog. | 我觉得肯定是条狗 |
[07:51] | Is it a dog, Tommy? | 这是狗吗 汤米 |
[07:53] | It can’t be a dog. Its eyes are too small. | 肯定不是狗 它眼睛太小了 |
[07:56] | I think it must be a kind of rat. | 我觉得它肯定是只老鼠 |
[07:58] | Yes, that’s it. Tommy’s drawn a rat. | 对的 就是老鼠 汤米画了一只老鼠 |
[08:00] | It’s not finished yet. | 我还没画完 |
[08:01] | That’s right. You haven’t finished the whiskers. | 没错 你还没画它的胡须呢 |
[08:03] | Do you think Tommy’s rat will be selected for The Gallery? | 你说汤米的老鼠会不会被选送到画廊呢 |
[08:05] | It’s not a rat. | 这不是老鼠 |
[08:10] | It’s an elephant. | 是大象 |
[08:11] | Children, back to work. | 孩子们 归座继续画 |
[08:43] | He’s got his shirt on. His favorite polo shirt. | 他穿那件衬衫了 他最喜欢的马球衫 |
[08:48] | He really doesn’t suspect a thing. | 他完全没有察觉到 |
[08:52] | Looks like no one wants you, Tommy. | 看来没有人想和你玩 汤米 |
[09:06] | What’s he doing? | 他在干什么 |
[09:08] | It’s his own fault. | 是他自找的 |
[09:09] | If he learnt to keep his cool, they’d leave him alone. | 如果他能学会冷静 别人就不会惹他了 |
[09:13] | I hate you! I hate you all! | 我恨你们 我恨你们所有人 |
[09:15] | Kath… No, don’t! | 凯茜 别 别过去 |
[09:27] | You shouldn’t have… | 你不该… |
[09:51] | Kathy H. | 凯茜·H |
[10:06] | What’s this from? | 这是怎么搞的 |
[10:08] | I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[10:10] | Doctor? | 医生 |
[10:19] | It’s nothing. Just a bruise. | 没事 只是一点擦伤 |
[10:28] | Hello. | 你好 |
[10:30] | Kathy. Kathy H. | 我叫凯茜 凯茜·H |
[10:33] | Of course. Kathy H. | 好的 凯茜·H |
[10:36] | Come in. | 进来吧 |
[10:44] | So what can I do for you? | 我能帮你做什么吗 |
[10:49] | I was wondering what you said to Tommy. | 我想知道您之前在操场上 |
[10:53] | Out on the playing fields. | 对汤米说了些什么 |
[10:55] | I see. Oh. | 我明白了 |
[10:58] | So what did I say? | 我说了些什么呢 |
[11:02] | I believe I was trying to calm him down. | 我只是想让他冷静下来 |
[11:05] | Because he seemed upset. | 他看起来很沮丧 |
[11:07] | He explained he was often teased about sport and art, | 他说他总是在体育和美术上被取笑 |
[11:11] | so I told him he shouldn’t get upset about these things. | 我就跟他说不要为这种事生气 |
[11:15] | The other children are only teasing him to get a reaction. | 其他人就是想嘲笑他 等着看他这样 |
[11:20] | And if it happens that | 如果他恰好 |
[11:22] | he’s not particularly good at sport or art, | 不很擅长体育和美术 |
[11:23] | well, that doesn’t matter. | 那也没关系 |
[11:26] | It’s not so important. | 这些都不那么重要 |
[11:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢您 |
[11:58] | Kathy. | 凯茜 |
[12:02] | Aren’t you sitting with the girls? | 你不和女孩子们坐在一起吗 |
[12:04] | Well, I just checked | 我考虑过 |
[12:05] | and I’m pretty sure I’m not sitting with the girls. | 然后决定不和她们坐一起 |
[12:08] | I’m sitting with you. | 我要跟你坐一块儿 |
[12:11] | I wanted to say | 我之前想说 |
[12:15] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[12:18] | I didn’t mean to hit you. | 我不是有意要打你 |
[12:21] | I mean, I wouldn’t want to hit any girl. | 我不想打任何女孩 |
[12:28] | But particularly not you. | 尤其是你 |
[12:31] | Well, it was an accident, that’s all. | 那只是个意外而已 |
[12:36] | Tommy, finish those vegetables. | 汤米 把蔬菜吃完 |
[12:56] | I’m not gonna get angry like that anymore. | 我再不会那样轻易动怒了 |
[12:58] | Because of what Miss Lucy told you, about being creative? | 是因为露茜小姐说的创造力方面的话吗 |
[13:02] | How do you know about that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[13:04] | I’m nosey. | 我消息很灵通的 |
[13:08] | She can’t actually mean that | 她不会真的认为 |
[13:10] | being creative isn’t important, can she? | 创造力不重要吧 |
[13:13] | I mean, what about The Gallery? | 我是说 那画廊怎么解释呢 |
[13:15] | If being creative isn’t important, | 如果创造力不重要 |
[13:17] | then why have a gallery at all? | 何必设个画廊呢 |
[13:22] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[13:28] | by arching her back, or perhaps with the aid of a pillow, | 托起她的背 可以用枕头辅助 |
[13:33] | the woman can arrange herself… | 女性就可以摆好自己 |
[13:50] | Smile | 微笑 |
[14:07] | Good morning, ma’am. | 早上好 女士 |
[14:09] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[14:10] | Can I help you? | 您要点什么 |
[14:11] | I wanted one tea, with milk and sugar in it. | 我想要一杯茶 加糖加牛奶 |
[14:15] | One tea. Right. | 一杯茶 好的 |
[14:24] | Tommy. | 汤米 |
[14:26] | Oh! One tea with milk and sugar in it, please. | 一杯茶加糖加牛奶 谢谢 |
[14:29] | No, Tommy. | 不是这样 汤米 |
[14:33] | I want to hear your own order. | 我想听你自己点 |
[14:36] | Don’t simply repeat the one you’ve just heard. | 不要简单地重复你刚听到的 |
[14:38] | What other drinks do they serve in cafes? | 咖啡馆里还有什么 |
[14:41] | Water. | 白开水 |
[14:45] | Coffee. | 咖啡 |
[14:47] | Coffee. | 咖啡 |
[14:49] | So, then. | 那么 |
[14:52] | So, then, | 那么 |
[14:54] | one coffee, please, with milk and sugar in it. | 请来一杯咖啡 加牛奶加糖 |
[15:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[15:13] | I think Laura likes Arthur. | 我猜劳拉喜欢亚瑟 |
[15:16] | All the girls like Arthur, don’t they? | 所有女孩都喜欢亚瑟 不是吗 |
[15:19] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[15:22] | I’m not sure you do. | 我不信你也喜欢他 |
[15:25] | He’s not my type. | 他不是我喜欢的类型 |
[15:27] | I think Laura and Arthur | 我觉得劳拉和亚瑟 |
[15:28] | will be the first in our year to have sex | 会是我们年级里最先发生性关系的一对 |
[15:31] | because, if Arthur wants to, Laura wouldn’t stop him. | 因为如果亚瑟想做 劳拉不会拒绝 |
[15:35] | I’m sure you’re right. | 我很赞同 |
[15:41] | Tommy’s changed. | 汤米变了 |
[15:44] | Changed how? | 怎么个变法 |
[15:46] | Just changed. | 反正就是变了 |
[15:49] | That’s all. | 仅此而已 |
[16:21] | What about this one by Madeleine Kane? | 玛德琳·凯恩的这张如何 |
[16:24] | I think it shows more than technical ability. | 我认为这幅画不仅展现了绘画技巧 |
[16:27] | It gives a real insight into the child, | 还展现了这孩子的内心世界 |
[16:30] | which is precisely what Marie-Claude wants for The Gallery. | 这正是玛丽·克劳德的画廊所寻求的 |
[16:33] | Yes, I agree. | 是 我同意 |
[16:40] | Put these two together. | 将这两张画放一块儿 |
[16:43] | Madame is coming. | 夫人要来了 |
[17:35] | Good morning, students. | 同学们早上好 |
[17:37] | Good morning, Miss Emily. | 艾米莉小姐早上好 |
[17:42] | There are several points of order today. | 今天有几项公告 |
[17:44] | The first is that our good friend, | 首先是我们的好朋友 |
[17:46] | Madame Marie-Claude, is visiting us. | 玛丽·克劳德夫人来看望我们了 |
[17:48] | She will, as usual, | 如同往常 |
[17:50] | be carefully inspecting your artwork and poetry | 她会仔细地检查你们的美术作品和诗歌 |
[17:53] | and selecting the very best pieces for inclusion in her Gallery. | 为她的画廊挑选最好的作品 |
[17:57] | We will, of course, extend to her every courtesy | 当然 我们要对她礼貌有加 |
[18:00] | and make her feel most welcome. | 使她感到宾至如归 |
[18:03] | Second point of order, | 第二项公告 |
[18:04] | a piece of good news for all students | 对于所有辛勤地收集代币 |
[18:06] | who have been diligent in collecting tokens. | 的同学而言是个好消息 |
[18:10] | After studies tomorrow, there will be a sale. | 明天放学后会有大卖场 |
[18:14] | The delivery will arrive in the morning, | 送货人明天一早就到 |
[18:16] | and I was assured by the van driver | 货车司机向我保证说 |
[18:19] | that the boxes will contain a bumper crop. | 货品可是琳琅满目呢 |
[19:12] | Is it really a bumper crop? | 真的种类繁多吗 |
[19:15] | I should say so. Yeah, sweetheart. It’s a bumper crop. | 是的 宝贝 琳琅满目 |
[20:26] | Aren’t you buying? | 你不打算买吗 |
[20:28] | If you’ve already spent all your tokens, | 如果你的代币花完了 |
[20:30] | you can have some of mine. | 你可以用我的 |
[20:32] | I have tokens. | 我还有 |
[20:33] | I was just gonna wait till the rush died down. | 我只想等人潮散去 |
[20:35] | I’m sure there’ll be something good left. | 我相信会有些好东西留下来的 |
[20:39] | What’s the matter, Kath? | 你怎么了 凯茜 |
[20:45] | Well, anyway, | 不管怎样 |
[20:46] | it doesn’t matter if you can’t find anything in the sale | 即使你都不喜欢也没有关系 |
[20:49] | because I already found you something. | 因为我为你找到了一样好东西 |
[20:56] | A music tape. | 一盒磁带 |
[20:57] | I don’t know much about it, if it’s much good or anything. | 我也不清楚 到底好不好听 |
[21:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[21:12] | Darling | 亲爱的 |
[21:17] | Hold me | 抱紧我 |
[21:28] | And never | 永远 |
[21:31] | Never | 永远 |
[21:35] | Let me go | 别让我走 |
[21:48] | Darling | 亲爱的 |
[21:52] | Kiss me | 亲吻我 |
[22:04] | And never | 永远 |
[22:06] | Never | 永远 |
[22:11] | Let me go | 别让我走 |
[22:47] | The problem is | 问题是 |
[22:50] | you’ve been told and not told. | 你们既知道也不知道 |
[22:54] | That’s what I’ve seen while I’ve been here. | 这是我来这儿之后的感受 |
[22:57] | You’ve been told | 他们说过 |
[23:00] | but none of you really understand. | 但是你们没一个人真的明白 |
[23:03] | So I’ve decided | 所以我决定 |
[23:05] | I’ll talk to you in a way that you will understand. | 用一种你们能明白的方式说清楚 |
[23:11] | Do you know what happens to children when they grow up? | 你们知道孩子长大后会怎么样吗 |
[23:16] | No, you don’t, because nobody knows. | 不 你们不知道 因为谁也不知道 |
[23:22] | They might grow up to become actors, | 他们可能长大成为演员 |
[23:26] | move to America, | 移居美国 |
[23:29] | or they might work in supermarkets, | 也可能去超市上班 |
[23:33] | or teach in schools. | 或者进学校教书 |
[23:35] | They might become sportsmen | 他们也许会成为运动员 |
[23:37] | or bus conductors or racing car drivers. | 交车售票员 或是赛车手 |
[23:41] | They might do almost anything. | 他们几乎可以从事任何职业 |
[23:45] | But with you we do know. | 但是你们的命运是注定的 |
[23:50] | None of you will go to America. | 你们当中没有人能去美国 |
[23:54] | None of you will work in supermarkets. | 没有人能去超市上班 |
[24:00] | None of you will do anything except live the life | 你们只能按照 |
[24:02] | that has already been set out for you. | 已经被安排好的进程生活 |
[24:07] | You will become adults, | 你们会成年 |
[24:11] | but only briefly. | 但之后会很短暂 |
[24:16] | Before you are old, | 在衰老之前 |
[24:19] | before you are even middle-aged, | 甚至在步入中年之前 |
[24:22] | you will start to donate your vital organs. | 你们就会开始捐献主要器官 |
[24:28] | That’s what you were created to do. | 你们就是因此被造出来的 |
[24:33] | And sometime around your third or fourth donation, | 大约在第三次或第四次捐献后 |
[24:38] | your short life will be complete. | 你们短暂的生命就终结了 |
[24:43] | You have to know who you are and what you are. | 你们要了解自己的真相 |
[24:48] | It’s the only way you’ll lead decent lives. | 只有这样你才能正确地活下去 |
[25:43] | There will be only one announcement this morning, | 今早只有一项公告 |
[25:47] | which is that Miss Lucy, | 四年级的学监 |
[25:49] | who was guardian to the fourth-year students, | 露茜小姐 |
[25:51] | is no longer working at Hailsham. | 不再继续为黑尔舍姆工作 |
[25:58] | A replacement will be found for her, | 我们会找新人来补她的空缺 |
[26:00] | and in the meantime | 在此期间 |
[26:01] | her classes will be divided between Miss Geraldine and myself. | 她的班级由我和杰拉丁小姐负责 |
[26:07] | It is hard, is it not, | 这很艰难 不是吗 |
[26:10] | to continue in the face of deliberate subversion. | 面对蓄意颠覆而毅然坚持下去 |
[26:16] | There are those who seek to thwart us, this is clear. | 很显然 有人试图阻挠我们 |
[26:20] | And we are aware that | 众所周知 |
[26:21] | the tide is not with forward thinking. | 大多数人的思想与高瞻远瞩相悖 |
[26:24] | It never is. | 从未一致过 |
[26:26] | No, the tide is with the entrenched mindset, | 从未 他们固步自封 抱残守缺 |
[26:30] | with values that are still unexamined. | 坚守着未经证实的价值观 |
[26:36] | But I will not be coerced. | 但我不会妥协 |
[26:43] | I will not be coerced. | 我不会妥协 |
[26:48] | And neither will Hailsham. | 黑尔舍姆也不会 |
[27:55] | I didn’t understand why, after all her teasing, | 我不明白为何露丝曾多番取笑汤米 |
[28:00] | Ruth would decide that Tommy was the boy she liked most of all. | 最后却认定他就是自己最喜欢的男孩 |
[28:14] | They say girls are always mean to the boys they like. | 有人说女孩总是对喜欢的男孩百般刁难 |
[28:21] | So maybe Ruth had liked him all along. | 所以露丝也许一直以来都喜欢他 |
[28:28] | Maybe I should have teased him, too. | 也许我也该取笑他的 |
[28:45] | I kept hoping they would separate, | 我一直希望他们能分手 |
[28:48] | like the other childhood and teenage romances at the school. | 就像学校里其他青梅竹马的情侣一样 |
[28:58] | They never did. | 他们从未分手 |
[29:34] | We were moved from Hailsham at 18 | 十八岁时 我们离开了黑尔舍姆 |
[29:37] | and sent to various accommodations around the country, | 被送往全国各地的住宿中心 |
[29:39] | to wait until we were old enough to start the donations. | 慢慢成直长到可以开始捐献器官 |
[29:45] | Tommy, Ruth and I | 汤米 露丝和我 |
[29:47] | were sent to a collection of farm buildings called The Cottages. | 被送到一个叫做农舍小屋的农家庄园 |
[29:57] | During our stay there, we were told | 在那里 我们被告知 |
[29:59] | that some of us would be permitted to volunteer as carers. | 我们中的一些人可以志愿成为看护 |
[30:04] | But, apart from that, we’d be left largely to our own devices | 此外 我们基本上被允许自由活动 |
[30:09] | and even allowed to take day trips | 甚至是赴周围的村野 |
[30:11] | into the surrounding countryside. | 进行一日游 |
[30:18] | The Cottages were also our first contact | 在农舍小屋 我们第一次接触到 |
[30:20] | with those who had not grown up at Hailsham. | 在黑尔舍姆以外的地方长大的人 |
[30:23] | There were people from White Mansion, | 他们来自白色宅邸 |
[30:26] | Oakhill, Morningdale | 奥克希尔和晨谷 |
[30:28] | and other homes I’d never heard of. | 以及其他我没听过的地方 |
[30:33] | Everyone seemed wiser and more worldly than us. | 每个人看起来都比我们更聪明更世故 |
[30:39] | None more so than Rodney and Chrissie. | 尤其是罗德尼和克里希 |
[30:42] | They’d already been at The Cottages for over a year | 他们已经在农舍小屋住了一年多 |
[30:45] | and would soon be leaving for the completion centers. | 而且很快会去终结中心 |
[30:48] | Ricky? I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 里基吗 我不懂你在说什么 |
[30:51] | Oh, I can help you out there. | 让我来告诉你 |
[30:53] | He’s talking about blue eyes, | 他说的是那个蓝瞳 |
[30:55] | blond hair, cute dimples when he smiles. | 金发 笑起来有酒窝的人 |
[30:57] | And biceps that could crack walnuts. | 他有可以徒手掰开核桃的强健肌肉 |
[31:03] | Jennifer, get real, | 珍妮弗 现实点 |
[31:04] | I saw you with him. | 我看见你和他一起了 |
[31:05] | Jen and Ricky sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G. | 珍和里基坐在树上 接吻呢 |
[31:09] | That is so not true. | 简直一派胡言 |
[31:14] | We weren’t in a tree. | 我们不是在树上 |
[31:39] | Where’re you heading? | 你要去哪儿 |
[31:41] | I thought I’d go for a walk. | 我想出去走走 |
[31:44] | Does that mean you want to be alone? | 这不意味着你想独自走走吧 |
[32:19] | I’m not even saying that I’ll apply to be a carer. | 我没说过我想申请做看护 |
[32:21] | Just that several people have said that I’d be good at it. | 只是有人说我会很适合做 |
[32:23] | But then Laura went around telling everyone | 但劳拉却四处跟人说 |
[32:25] | that I’d been saying I was the most likely to get selected. | 我说过我最有可能被选中做看护 |
[32:28] | That’s so not true. | 简直一派胡言 |
[32:29] | So not true. | 一派胡言 |
[32:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[32:35] | I’m getting more plates. | 我再多拿些盘子 |
[32:39] | Is there anything left for us? | 还有剩吗 |
[32:41] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[32:45] | Perhaps not. | 也许没了 |
[32:48] | Ruth, why do you do that thing? | 露丝 你为什么那么做 |
[32:51] | Squeezing Tommy’s shoulder. | 揉汤米的肩膀 |
[32:55] | I’m allowed to touch Tommy, aren’t I? | 我可以和汤米有肢体接触吧 |
[32:57] | It’s the way you’re touching him. | 是你接触他的那种方式 |
[32:59] | You know what I mean. | 你懂我的意思 |
[33:00] | It’s copied from that television show. | 那是从那个电视节目学来的 |
[33:03] | That’s so not… | 那简直一派胡… |
[33:04] | Don’t tell me “That’s so not true.” | 别告诉我”那简直一派胡言” |
[33:08] | All that behavior, | 所有那些举动 |
[33:09] | that’s not what people do out there, in real life, | 现实生活中人们不那么做 |
[33:11] | if that’s what you were thinking. | 如果这是你那时所想的话 |
[33:13] | So what? Look, it’s no big deal. | 那又如何 没什么大不了 |
[33:14] | A lot of us do it. | 我们很多人那么做 |
[33:16] | What you mean is Chrissie and Rod do it. | 你是说克里希和罗德那么做吧 |
[33:19] | Oh, Kathy. | 凯茜 |
[33:24] | So that’s what this is about. | 原来是这么回事啊 |
[33:27] | It must be really awful for you, surrounded by all these couples. | 你周围都是情侣 你肯定感觉糟透了 |
[33:30] | I never said that. I just think it’s daft. | 我从未那么说 我只是觉得这很愚蠢 |
[33:34] | You copy them, and they copy from a television show. | 你学他们 他们学电视节目 |
[33:37] | I’m right, aren’t I? | 我说对了 是吧 |
[33:40] | You don’t like the fact that | 你不乐意接受这个事实 |
[33:42] | Tommy and I are friends with Chrissie and Rod, | 汤米和我是克里希和罗德的朋友 |
[33:45] | whereas you hardly speak to anyone. | 而你却很少和别人讲话 |
[33:49] | No. You’re not right. | 不 你错了 |
[33:54] | “So” Not right? | “一派胡言”吗[调侃那个新说法] |
[34:15] | Thank you, Mr. Keffers. | 谢谢你 凯弗斯先生 |
[35:23] | Hello, Tommy. | 你好 汤米 |
[35:26] | Hello, Kath. | 你好 凯茜 |
[35:31] | Well, don’t just hover in the doorway. Come in. Join the fun. | 别光站在门口 进来一起看吧 |
[35:37] | Didn’t know you liked that sort of stuff. | 不知道你竟喜欢看那些东西 |
[35:41] | You’re very welcome to them after I’ve finished. | 我看完就给你看 |
[35:43] | Oh, no, it’s just sex stuff. | 不了 就是些关于性的东西 |
[35:46] | I expect I’ve seen them all already anyway. | 而且我应该全看过了 |
[35:53] | Kathy, what are you looking for? | 凯茜 你在找什么 |
[35:56] | What do you mean? I’m just looking at dirty pictures. | 什么意思 我就是看看色情图片 |
[36:00] | What, just for kicks? | 就为寻求刺激吗 |
[36:01] | I suppose you could say that, yes. | 我就猜你会那么说 没错 |
[36:10] | If it’s just for kicks, then you don’t do it like that. | 如果只为寻乐 那你不该翻那么快 |
[36:14] | You need to look at each picture more carefully. | 你得把每张图都看得更仔细些 |
[36:17] | Nothing really happens if you go that fast. | 你翻那么快没什么用的 |
[36:20] | How do you know what works for girls? | 你怎么知道什么会对女孩子奏效 |
[36:24] | Kath, you’re not looking for kicks. | 凯茜 你不是在寻找刺激 |
[36:31] | Here, give it to Ruth. See if it does anything for her. | 给 把它给露丝 看看对她有没有效 |
[36:57] | I suppose you’ve heard what Rod and Chrissie have been saying. | 我想你听罗德和克里希说过了 |
[37:00] | No, I haven’t. | 没有 |
[37:07] | Well, you know that Rod and Chrissie | 罗德和克里希 |
[37:09] | have been thinking of applying to be carers, | 一直想申请做看护 |
[37:11] | so they’ve been learning how to drive. | 所以他们在学开车 |
[37:12] | Yeah. | 是 |
[37:13] | Well, last weekend, they went up to a town on the Norfolk coast, | 上周末 他们去了诺福克海岸的一座小镇 |
[37:18] | and they think they saw this person. | 他们看见一个人 |
[37:21] | What kind of person? | 什么样的人 |
[37:24] | A lady… | 一位女士 |
[37:27] | working in an office. | 在办公室工作 |
[37:29] | And… | 并且 |
[37:31] | What is it, Ruth? | 怎么了 露丝 |
[37:35] | But they thought this person was a Possible. For me. | 他们觉得这个人可能是我的原型 |
[37:43] | They found your Original? | 他们找到了你的原型了吗 |
[37:44] | They aren’t sure, obviously, | 显然 他们不能肯定 |
[37:46] | but Rodney said that the resemblance was really striking. | 但罗德尼说相似度惊人 |
[37:50] | – Oh, my God. – I know. | -天哪 -是啊 |
[37:52] | Ruth! | 露丝 |
[37:53] | They want to drive me back up there so that I can see for myself. | 他们想带我回那里 让我亲自看看 |
[37:57] | Tommy will come, but… | 汤米会一起去 但 |
[37:59] | Do you want me to come? | 你想让我一起去吗 |
[38:04] | Ruth, of course. | 露丝 当然没问题 |
[38:17] | So, exactly how much experience have you guys had with the outside? | 你们对外面有多了解 |
[38:22] | Quite a lot. | 很多次了 |
[38:23] | No, we haven’t. | 不 一次也没有 |
[38:26] | We did a lot of role-playing exercises at Hailsham. | 我们在黑尔舍姆时做过很多角色扮演 |
[38:29] | They don’t count. | 那不算 |
[38:31] | Okay. Well, don’t feel scared. | 好吧 别害怕 |
[38:34] | Okay? There’s really… There’s nothing to it. | 其实真没什么好怕的 |
[38:39] | We aren’t scared. | 我们没有害怕 |
[38:42] | Good. | 很好 |
[39:06] | I’ll get sausage, egg and chips. | 我要香肠 鸡蛋和薯条 |
[39:12] | Sausage, egg and chips, please. | 香肠 鸡蛋和薯条 谢谢 |
[39:13] | Yes, sausage, egg and chips. | 香肠 鸡蛋和薯条 |
[39:15] | Sausage, egg and chips, me, too, please. | 请给我也来香肠 鸡蛋和薯条 |
[39:18] | Well, I suppose I’d better get sausage, egg and chips, too, then. | 这样的话我最好也要香肠 鸡蛋和薯条吧 |
[39:21] | Five sausage, egg and chips. Drinks? | 五份香肠 鸡蛋和薯条 喝点什么 |
[39:28] | Five Cokes, please. | 请来五杯可乐 |
[39:44] | It was good. It was really good. | 那很好 那真的很好 |
[39:48] | – What? – Sorry. | -什么 -不好意思 |
[39:54] | You know, there’s something I’ve been | 有件事情我一直 |
[39:56] | wanting to talk to you lot about. | 很想和你们聊聊 |
[39:59] | The problem is that back there at The Cottages it’s impossible. | 问题是在农舍小屋根本不可能 |
[40:02] | Someone’s always listening in. | 总是隔墙有耳 |
[40:06] | So… | 是这样 |
[40:10] | someone was saying that some Hailsham students in the past | 有人说以前有些黑尔舍姆的学生 |
[40:12] | have managed to get a deferral. | 设法得到了延期 |
[40:15] | Apparently those Hailsham students | 据说这些黑尔舍姆的学生可以 |
[40:16] | could have their first donation put back by three or even four years. | 把他们的首次捐献时间推迟三到四年 |
[40:26] | As long as they qualified. | 只要他们满足条件 |
[40:29] | If there was a boy and a girl, | 如果有一男一女 |
[40:32] | and they were in love with each other, | 他们相爱了 |
[40:34] | really properly in love, and they could prove it, | 真正地相爱了 并且他们能证明 |
[40:38] | then they would be given a few years together | 这样他们被允许 |
[40:40] | before they began their donations. | 在捐献前再相处几年 |
[40:47] | Where did you hear about this? | 你从哪儿听来的 |
[40:50] | When we were at White Mansion. | 当我们还在白色宅邸时 |
[40:52] | People there were always going on about this Hailsham couple. | 那里的人总是谈论黑尔舍姆的那对情侣 |
[40:54] | When the guy was only a few weeks from donation, | 一个男生距离首次捐献仅剩几周时 |
[40:56] | he just went to see someone. | 他去拜访了一个人 |
[40:57] | He applied, and everything got sorted out. | 他提出了申请 然后就顺着办成了 |
[41:00] | I suppose you lot would know about that sort of thing. | 我以为你们肯定知道这种事情 |
[41:04] | Being from Hailsham, | 你们来自黑尔舍姆 |
[41:06] | you’d know how that sort of thing works. | 应该知道这是怎么回事 |
[41:09] | Who is it you go to? | 这种事该找谁呢 |
[41:12] | Who would we talk to if we wanted to apply? | 如果我们想申请的话该去跟谁说呢 |
[41:24] | To be honest, I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 老实说 我不知道你们在说什么 |
[41:28] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[41:31] | Do you expect us to believe that? | 你觉我们会信你的话吗 |
[41:32] | Everybody knows Hailsham is special. | 大家都知道黑尔舍姆很特殊 |
[41:36] | So what is it? | 究竟怎么回事 |
[41:39] | Why keep these things to yourself? | 为什么不告诉我们 |
[41:48] | There were lots of stories at Hailsham. | 在黑尔舍姆有很多传说 |
[41:51] | I don’t think many of them turned out to be true. | 我想最后大部分都被证明是假的 |
[42:22] | It may be down here. | 应该就是这儿 |
[42:34] | Yeah. | 是 |
[42:36] | That’s it. | 就是那里 |
[43:03] | God, it must be her. | 天哪 肯定是她 |
[43:06] | Yeah, that’s her. | 是 就是她 |
[43:35] | It’s not her. | 不是她 |
[43:38] | – I’m not her. – No, you’re not. | -我不是她 -不 你不是 |
[43:40] | It was really close, though. | 不过看着很像 |
[43:42] | Oh, shut up, Tommy! | 闭嘴 汤米 |
[43:43] | It wasn’t close. It wasn’t close at all. | 不像 根本不像 |
[43:44] | And I knew it wasn’t gonna be her before we even got here! | 在我们来之前我就知道不会是她 |
[43:48] | It was never gonna be her. | 不可能是她 |
[43:50] | They never, ever model us on people like that woman. | 他们从不会让她那样的人成为原型 |
[43:53] | – Ruth, don’t. – What? | -露丝 别说了 -怎么了 |
[43:55] | We all know it, we just never say it. | 我们都心知肚明 只是嘴上不说而已 |
[43:59] | We are modeled on trash. | 我们都克隆自低贱的人 |
[44:01] | Junkies, prostitutes, winos, tramps. | 吸毒者 妓女 酒鬼 乞丐 |
[44:06] | Convicts, maybe, as long as they aren’t psychos. | 也许囚犯也行 只要他们不是精神病 |
[44:10] | If you want to look for Possibles, if you want to do it properly, | 如果你想找原型 想找得有效 |
[44:16] | look in the gutter. | 就去贫民窟找吧 |
[44:19] | That’s where we came from. | 我们就是从那儿来的 |
[45:25] | We should go back. | 我们该回去了 |
[46:50] | Don’t tell me to calm down! | 别告诉我要冷静 |
[46:53] | You walked down the pier and you left me there. | 你下了码头 把我一个人留在那里 |
[46:56] | You knew I was well upset. | 你知道我当时非常失落 |
[47:26] | Chrissie and Rod are | 克里希和罗德对 |
[47:28] | pretty obsessed about this rumor, aren’t they? | 那个传言很着迷 是吧 |
[47:31] | – About the deferrals? – Mmm. | -关于那个延期吗 -对 |
[47:35] | I was thinking about it again last night, | 昨晚我又想了一下 |
[47:39] | and if this rumor’s true | 如果这个传言是真的 |
[47:42] | it might explain a few things. | 这就解释了很多事情 |
[47:44] | Such as? | 比如说 |
[47:48] | the Gallery, for instance. | 比如画廊 |
[47:49] | We never got to the bottom of it, what The Gallery was for. | 我们从未理解画廊的实质 |
[47:53] | Pictures, poetry and sculpture. | 图画 诗歌 雕塑 |
[47:55] | Say something about yourself. | 展示你的自我 |
[47:57] | That’s the whole point about art, isn’t it? | 这是艺术之所在 不是吗 |
[47:59] | It says what’s inside of you. It reveals your soul. | 它表达了你的内在 揭示了你的灵魂 |
[48:03] | Yeah. So? | 对 所以呢 |
[48:14] | Suppose for a second that the rumor is true. | 假设这个传言是真的 |
[48:19] | That there is a special arrangement for Hailsham students, | 如果黑尔舍姆的学生恋爱了 |
[48:22] | if they’re in love. | 会有特殊的安排 |
[48:24] | Well, there would have to be some kind of way | 那么就必然会有种方法 |
[48:28] | to decide if couples are telling the truth | 判定这对恋人说的是真话 |
[48:30] | and not just lying to put off their donations. | 还是为了延期时间而撒慌 |
[48:43] | That’s what The Gallery could be for. | 这就是画廊的意义所在 |
[48:47] | In The Gallery they have everything about us they need to know. | 画廊里有他们想知道的关于我们的一切 |
[48:49] | So if we say that we’re in love, | 所以如果我们说我们恋爱了 |
[48:53] | they can look into our souls and they can see. | 他们就能看到我们的灵魂 得到答案 |
[48:56] | They’ll know if it’s real love or if it’s just a lie. | 他们会知道是真心相爱或只是个谎言 |
[48:59] | That’s a strange idea, Tommy. | 这是个奇怪的想法 汤米 |
[49:03] | What? | 什么 |
[49:06] | No, no. I don’t think that’s any stranger than any other idea. | 不 不 我不认为这有什么奇怪的 |
[49:09] | And didn’t Miss Lucy say that | 露茜小姐不是说 |
[49:11] | making art for The Gallery wasn’t even important? | 为画廊作画不重要吗 |
[49:13] | Yes. | 是的 |
[49:16] | But look what happened to her. | 但看看她的下场 |
[49:29] | Are you thinking of applying? | 你是不是想申请 |
[49:32] | With Ruth? | 你跟露丝一对 |
[49:37] | No. | 不是 |
[49:39] | It wouldn’t work. | 那不会成的 |
[49:42] | Why? | 为什么 |
[49:51] | Because… | 因为 |
[50:01] | you forget that | 你忘了 |
[50:04] | you got lots of stuff into The Gallery over the years, | 那时你的很多画作进了画廊 |
[50:06] | and if I applied they wouldn’t have anything to go on. | 如果我申请的话他们没什么东西可看的 |
[50:24] | It’s all just rumors and theories. | 都只是些传言和纸上空谈 |
[50:31] | Yeah, I know. | 是啊 我知道 |
[50:35] | Tommy. | 汤米 |
[51:26] | Kiss me. | 吻我 |
[51:37] | And never | 永远 |
[51:40] | Never | 永远 |
[51:44] | Let me go | 别让我走 |
[51:57] | Lock my heart | 紧锁我的心房 |
[52:01] | Throw away the key | 丢开钥匙 |
[52:06] | Feel my love | 感觉我的爱 |
[52:28] | I know what you think, Kathy. | 我知道你想什么 凯茜 |
[52:33] | I know you think that you and Tommy | 我知道你认为你和汤米 |
[52:35] | would have made a more natural couple, | 会是更天造地设的一对 |
[52:38] | and you believe that there’s a chance | 并且你相信可能有一天 |
[52:40] | that Tommy and I will split up some day. | 汤米和我会分手 |
[52:45] | And when we do, | 当我们分手之时 |
[52:46] | perhaps that will be your chance with Tommy. | 或许就是你和汤米在一起之际 |
[52:49] | Chance to do it right this time. | 这次有机会把事情纠正过来 |
[52:59] | But you see, the thing is, Kathy, | 但是凯茜 情况是 |
[53:02] | although Tommy really likes you as a friend, | 尽管汤米很喜欢和你做朋友 |
[53:07] | he just doesn’t see you that way. | 但他对你没那个意思 |
[53:14] | He told me about the porno magazines. | 他告诉了我那些色情杂志的事 |
[53:20] | We had quite a laugh about it. | 我们笑了好久 |
[53:25] | He doesn’t understand what you were doing. | 他不明白你那时在干什么 |
[53:31] | But I did. | 但我懂 |
[53:57] | I said I’ll just be five minutes. | 我说了再有五分钟就好 |
[54:05] | I want to be a carer. | 我想成为看护 |
[54:09] | It’s you who I apply to, isn’t it? | 我是该向你申请吗 |
[54:10] | Yeah. | 是 |
[54:12] | I said that I’m applying. | 我说我要申请 |
[54:16] | I’ll bring the forms tomorrow, | 明天我把申请表带来 |
[54:18] | and that’ll start the process. | 那是整个程序的开始 |
[54:32] | By the time Ruth and Tommy actually did separate, | 当露丝和汤米确实分开时 |
[54:35] | my carer training had already begun. | 我的看护训练已经开始了 |
[54:39] | So I was hardly ever at The Cottages. | 所以我很少住在农舍小屋 |
[55:07] | It had never occurred to me | 我万万没想到 |
[55:09] | that our lives, which had been so closely interwoven, | 我们如此紧密交织的生命 |
[55:16] | could unravel with such speed. | 会这么迅速地分开 |
[55:34] | If I’d known, | 如若我早知道 |
[55:36] | maybe I’d have kept tighter hold of them | 也许我会更珍惜他们 |
[55:41] | and not let unseen tides pull us apart. | 不会让暗潮将我们分开 |
[56:29] | Once I began working with my donors, | 我开始看护那些捐献者后 |
[56:31] | I didn’t have much time to dwell on Tommy or Ruth. | 就没有太多时间想汤米或露丝 |
[56:35] | Eventually, so many years had passed | 最终 这么多年过去了 |
[56:37] | I came to think I would never see them again. | 我总觉得我再也不会见到他们了 |
[56:47] | Many carers find themselves just going through the motions, | 很多看护认为他们就是走走过场 |
[56:51] | waiting for the day that they can stop and become donors. | 等着他们停止看护成为捐献者的那天 |
[56:59] | But for the most part, being a carer has suited me fine. | 但在很大程度上 做一名看护很适合我 |
[57:05] | I quite enjoy traveling across the country, | 我很享受游走于全国各地 |
[57:08] | shuttling from center to center, hospital to hospital. | 穿梭于各个中心和医院之间 |
[57:26] | Here you are. | 给你 |
[57:29] | Dark chocolate. | 黑巧克力 |
[57:31] | If you knew how many shops I had to go to before I found those. | 你不知道我跑了多少商店才找到的 |
[57:35] | I thought I wasn’t allowed to eat so soon before the operation. | 我想我在手术前是不许吃东西的 |
[57:38] | Oh, you’re not. But I am. | 对 你不能吃 但我可以 |
[57:42] | And after the operation, | 手术之后 |
[57:43] | you can wolf down the whole packet in one go. | 你可以狼吞虎咽地一口气吃完整包 |
[58:00] | For me, the real test of being a carer | 对我来说 做一名看护真正的挑战是 |
[58:04] | is when a donor completes earlier than expected. | 捐献者比预期更早地终结 |
[58:07] | On the second or even first donation. | 第二甚至第一次捐献时就终结 |
[58:11] | Can I just have a quick word? | 我能跟你说两句吗 |
[58:13] | Okay. | 好的 |
[58:15] | I was wondering who’d be working on Hannah today. | 我在想今天谁来照看汉娜 |
[58:17] | I’d never say I’ve become immune to the completions. | 我永远不会对终结这种事免疫 |
[58:22] | But they are something I am able to live with. | 但这是我必须要接受的事情 |
[58:29] | You’re Hannah’s carer, aren’t you? | 你是汉娜的看护吗 |
[58:33] | – Hannah’s carer? – Yes. | -汉娜的看护吗 -是 |
[58:36] | I’m sorry, it’s always hard, but there were complications. | 很遗憾 总是很难说出口 她终结了 |
[58:43] | You need me to sign the release? | 你需要我签字吗 |
[58:45] | Please. | 请 |
[58:48] | Are you going to leave now? | 你现在就走吗 |
[58:50] | We can quite easily provide you with a bed tonight | 我们很乐意今晚给你张床睡 |
[58:53] | if you’ve got a long drive. | 如果你车程很长的话 |
[58:54] | I can be back home in under two hours. | 我两个小时就能到家 |
[58:57] | It’s always better to wake at home, isn’t it? | 在家醒来总是更好 对吧 |
[59:08] | Is that someone you know? | 她是你认识的人吗 |
[59:10] | Yeah. | 对 |
[59:14] | Actually, we grew up together. | 事实上 我们一起长大的 |
[59:16] | How is she? | 她怎么样了 |
[59:18] | Were you close? | 你们很亲近吗 |
[59:20] | We haven’t seen each other now for almost 10 years. | 我们快十年没见了 |
[59:23] | Well, Ruth isn’t as strong as we would hope, | 露丝当前的身体状况 |
[59:25] | at this stage. | 比我们预期的要差 |
[59:29] | She’s done two donations. | 她完成了两次捐献 |
[59:32] | She has. | 是 |
[59:34] | You think she’ll complete on the third? | 你觉得她第三次会终结吗 |
[59:36] | I think she wants to complete. | 我认为她想终结 |
[59:40] | And, as you know, when they want to complete, | 你也知道 通常谁想终结 |
[59:41] | they usually do. | 就真的终结了 |
[1:01:03] | Kathy. | 凯茜 |
[1:01:15] | I’ve been keeping tabs on you over the years. | 这些年我一直在打听你的消息 |
[1:01:18] | And Tommy, too. | 还有汤米 |
[1:01:20] | What do you hear about Tommy? | 他有什么消息吗 |
[1:01:22] | That he’s done his second donation, too, | 他也做完两次捐献了 |
[1:01:26] | and apparently he’s doing very well on it. | 情况不错 |
[1:01:29] | Apparently he’s in better shape | 很明显比很多 |
[1:01:30] | than some after their first donation. | 捐献一次的人体质还好 |
[1:01:33] | Good old Tommy. I’m not surprised. | 好个汤米 我一点也不吃惊 |
[1:01:38] | Are you surprised at me? | 那你见了我吃惊吗 |
[1:01:42] | I expect I look a bit broken, Kath. | 我看着很憔悴吧 凯茜 |
[1:01:47] | It’s okay. | 无所谓 |
[1:01:49] | I don’t think I’d want to survive my third donation, anyway. | 反正做完第三次捐献我也不想活了 |
[1:01:53] | You hear things, don’t you? | 你听说了吧 |
[1:01:55] | What kind of things? | 听说什么 |
[1:01:58] | Oh, you know. How, maybe, after the fourth donation, | 也许做完四次捐献之后 |
[1:02:05] | even if you’ve technically completed, | 即使你已经在医学上被判定为终结了 |
[1:02:05] | 医学上的死亡通常指脑干死亡 但此时人可能还有意识有心跳 还能呼吸 | |
[1:02:08] | you’re still conscious in some sort of way. | 但你可能还有些意识 |
[1:02:12] | And then you find out that | 你会发现 |
[1:02:13] | there are more donations, plenty of them. | 还要继续捐献很多器官 |
[1:02:16] | No more recovery centers. No more carers. | 再没有康复中心和看护了 |
[1:02:22] | Just watching and waiting. | 只能静静地等死 |
[1:02:26] | Till they switch you off. | 直到他们把你的呼吸机拔了 |
[1:02:34] | I don’t think I fancy that. | 我可不想那样 |
[1:02:40] | Is it the end of the day already? | 都快天黑了吧 |
[1:02:44] | Do you know, it’s funny, | 知道吗 还挺可笑的 |
[1:02:46] | I think I’ve thought about you every day for the last few months. | 我这几个月几乎每天都在想你 |
[1:02:50] | Hoping I’d see you again. | 希望能再见你一面 |
[1:02:54] | Do you know, I felt sure that I would. | 我特别确信一定会再见 |
[1:02:58] | Seemed impossible that | 觉得我终结之前 |
[1:03:00] | I’d complete without seeing you one last time. | 不可能不见你最后一面 |
[1:03:06] | It’s not the last time, Ruth. | 这不是最后一面 露丝 |
[1:03:09] | They offered me a bed. | 他们给我提供了个床位 |
[1:03:11] | I was planning on staying the night anyway. | 今晚我会一直在这儿陪着你的 |
[1:03:14] | Well. | 是吗 |
[1:03:41] | I always knew you’d be a good carer. | 我就知道你是个特别称职的看护 |
[1:03:43] | Your donors are very lucky. | 被你看护的捐献者真幸运 |
[1:03:51] | Look, I was lying awake last night | 我昨天整晚没睡 |
[1:03:54] | and I suddenly had an idea that we’d take a trip together. | 突然想和你一起去旅行 |
[1:03:57] | Where to? | 去哪儿 |
[1:04:00] | I hadn’t much thought of where, just a trip. | 去哪儿没想过 就是一起出去玩玩 |
[1:04:07] | Although | 不过 |
[1:04:10] | a place did spring to mind. | 我心里有个地方 |
[1:04:12] | One of the boys on the other floor was talking about it. | 同院的一名男生曾提到过 |
[1:04:14] | It’s near the Kingsfield Recovery Center. | 在康辉园康复中心附近 |
[1:04:17] | Is it the boat? The one left on the beach? | 是那艘船吗 废弃在沙滩上的那个 |
[1:04:20] | You’ve heard about it, too? | 你也听说了啊 |
[1:04:22] | I heard. One of the carers who worked there. | 是 听在那儿工作过的看护说的 |
[1:04:28] | And do you suppose, | 那你觉得 |
[1:04:31] | if we’re driving all that way, | 既然大老远开车过去 |
[1:04:35] | that we could call in on Tommy? | 要不顺道看看汤米 |
[1:04:41] | Told you I’d been keeping tabs on you. | 说了一直密切关注你们嘛 |
[1:04:46] | Have you seen him? | 你见过他吗 |
[1:04:48] | No, not since The Cottages. | 离开农舍小屋后就没见过了 |
[1:04:51] | No, neither have I. | 我也没有 |
[1:04:59] | How will we find him? | 怎么找他 |
[1:05:00] | His carer said he’d be waiting outside. | 他的看护说他会在外面等着 |
[1:05:20] | Look, there he is. | 看 他在那儿 |
[1:05:28] | Do you think he’s recognized us through the glass? | 你说他隔着玻璃能认出我们吗 |
[1:05:34] | No, no, no. | 别 别 |
[1:05:35] | Let’s not get out. | 我们别下去了 |
[1:05:54] | Ruth’s in the car. | 露丝在车里 |
[1:05:55] | Oh, right. | 好 |
[1:06:04] | How are you? | 还好吗 |
[1:06:05] | I’m good. | 很好 |
[1:06:07] | Look at your hair. | 看看你的头发 |
[1:06:08] | Oh, yeah. My hair. | 是啊 头发 |
[1:06:18] | I can’t quite believe that I have you both here. | 真不敢相信能再次看见你们 |
[1:06:24] | Does it feel to you that we’re back at Hailsham again? | 是不是仿佛回到黑尔舍姆时代 |
[1:06:25] | Like no time has passed? | 恍如隔日 |
[1:06:28] | No, it doesn’t. | 恍如隔日 |
[1:06:29] | No, it doesn’t at all, does it? | 一点儿都没变 对吧 |
[1:06:31] | It really doesn’t at all. It’s really weird. | 真的 还真奇怪 |
[1:06:34] | But a good weird, I think. | 但也挺好 |
[1:06:40] | I don’t suppose you both heard that Hailsham was closed? | 你们大概都没听说黑尔舍姆关闭了吧 |
[1:06:47] | The only schools left now, you hear they’re like battery farms. | 残存的其他校舍跟养鸡场似的 |
[1:06:51] | Like Morningdale. | 比如晨谷 |
[1:06:53] | I’m sure that’s an exaggeration, though. | 不过肯定有夸张的成分 |
[1:06:58] | Are you sure we’re going the right way? | 确定我们没走错吗 |
[1:07:17] | It’s locked, it looks like. | 好像锁上了 |
[1:07:19] | No one said anything about this. | 没听说门是锁着的 |
[1:07:21] | No one said anything about a locked gate. | 没人说过有扇锁了的门 |
[1:07:22] | Ruth, just relax. It’s okay. | 露丝 别紧张 没事的 |
[1:07:34] | Can walk through here. | 可以从这儿进去 |
[1:08:18] | Hey, come on. | 快来 |
[1:09:08] | I wonder if that’s what Hailsham looks like now. | 不知道黑尔舍姆现在是不是也这样了 |
[1:09:14] | Do you ever hear, Kath, about any of the students from Hailsham? | 凯茜 你有其他同学的消息吗 |
[1:09:17] | Sometimes, yeah. | 偶尔听说 |
[1:09:20] | I heard that Amanda completed on her first donation. | 我听说阿曼达第一次捐献时就终结了 |
[1:09:26] | I think that happens more than they ever tell us. | 这只是冰山一角吧 |
[1:09:30] | Yeah, there was this guy at my care center | 我们康复中心有个人 |
[1:09:34] | who was always really scared of completing on his first donation. | 他总怕自己第一次捐献就终结 |
[1:09:40] | But it was all fine. | 结果没事 |
[1:09:42] | And he’s just come through his third one now, | 他刚捐完第三次 |
[1:09:46] | and he’s completely all right. | 整个人好极了 |
[1:09:54] | It’s funny, I don’t think… | 有意思吧 我不觉得 |
[1:09:57] | Well, I know I wouldn’t have been a very good carer, | 我知道我做不了合格的看护 |
[1:09:59] | but in a way I actually think I’m quite a good donor. | 但某种程度上我是个合格的捐献者 |
[1:10:01] | That’s what we’re supposed to be, isn’t it? | 这是我们的职责 不是吗 |
[1:10:16] | I’d like you to forgive me. | 希望你们能原谅我 |
[1:10:21] | I don’t expect you to. | 虽然我不敢奢求 |
[1:10:23] | Forgive you for what? | 原谅你什么 |
[1:10:31] | For keeping you and Tommy apart. | 拆散你和汤米 |
[1:10:38] | Should have been you two together, I always knew it. | 我一直都知道应该是你们俩在一起 |
[1:10:41] | As far back as I can remember. | 我的所有记忆都这么告诉我 |
[1:10:45] | It wasn’t just because of the rumors about deferrals. | 不是因为延期的传言 |
[1:10:53] | It was because I was jealous. | 而是因为我嫉妒 |
[1:10:58] | You had real love and I didn’t, | 你们拥有真爱 而我没有 |
[1:11:06] | and I didn’t want to be the one that was left alone. | 我不想孤独一人 |
[1:11:20] | It’s the worst thing I ever did. | 这是我做过的最卑鄙的事了 |
[1:11:27] | And now I want to put it right. | 现在我想补救 |
[1:11:29] | I don’t know how you can do that, Ruth. | 怎么补救 露丝 |
[1:11:32] | I can | 我可以 |
[1:11:34] | if you two get a deferral. | 如果你们成功延期 |
[1:11:37] | It’s too late for that, Ruth. | 太晚了 露丝 |
[1:11:40] | Way too late. It’s stupid to even think about it. | 真的太晚了 想想都觉得傻 |
[1:11:43] | It isn’t too late. Look, you’ll see, both of you. | 不晚 你们看了就知道 |
[1:11:48] | I wanted to do this trip | 我之所以组织这次旅行 |
[1:11:49] | because I had something that I wanted to give you. | 就是想给你们个东西 |
[1:11:54] | It’s Madame’s address. | 夫人的地址 |
[1:11:59] | That’s who you apply to. That’s who you have to go and see. | 她负责受理申请 你们需要去找她 |
[1:12:05] | How did you get this? | 你从哪儿搞到的 |
[1:12:09] | It wasn’t easy, | 这很艰难 |
[1:12:09] | but I’ve had years to think about what I did. | 但这几年我一直反思自己的所作所为 |
[1:12:13] | And years to try and work out a way to make it right. | 一直想怎么弥补原来的过失 |
[1:13:02] | I started doing them when we were at The Cottages. | 在农舍小屋的时候我就开始画了 |
[1:13:05] | The day after we went to find Ruth’s Possible. | 去找露丝原型后的第二天 |
[1:13:08] | I realized that if I was ever going to apply for a deferral, | 我意识到如果要申请延期 |
[1:13:11] | then I’d have to show them something. | 必须拿出点儿作品 |
[1:13:15] | And I’ve done hundreds of them over the years. | 这几年我画了几百张 |
[1:13:19] | They’re wonderful. | 美极了 |
[1:13:22] | What? Really? | 真的吗 |
[1:13:23] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:13:26] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:13:40] | I have never showed anyone them until now. | 我之前从未给别人看过 |
[1:13:46] | They were my secret. | 它们都是我的秘密 |
[1:13:50] | Just like you and those porno magazines. | 正如那些色情杂志是你的秘密 |
[1:13:53] | You remember that? | 你还记着 |
[1:13:55] | Yeah. | 是呀 |
[1:13:59] | Ruth said you didn’t understand what I was doing. | 露丝说你不懂我那时在干什么 |
[1:14:01] | No, I don’t think she understood what you were doing. | 不 我觉得是她不懂你在干什么 |
[1:14:03] | She thought you were looking at the dirty pictures | 她以为你爱看色情图片 |
[1:14:05] | in order to find out about sex | 是想了解性知识 |
[1:14:10] | and to find out what you were missing out on or something. | 想要知道自己忽略了什么 |
[1:14:17] | I knew. | 但我知道 |
[1:14:20] | I knew you were looking for your original. | 我知道你在找自己的原型 |
[1:14:26] | I used to have these huge urges to have sex sometimes. | 我之前有时会有很强的性冲动 |
[1:14:31] | And sometimes they’d be so powerful, | 有时会强烈得 |
[1:14:34] | I just thought I’d do it with anyone. | 好像和谁睡都行 |
[1:14:38] | So I thought that had to tell me something. | 我想这向我透露了某种信息 |
[1:14:41] | Something about the kind of person I was modeled on. | 关于我是什么人克隆出来的 |
[1:14:46] | It’s stupid, | 很蠢吧 |
[1:14:50] | but I guessed the magazines | 但我猜在那些色情杂志里 |
[1:14:51] | would be the most likely place I’d find her. | 我最可能找到她 |
[1:14:55] | You know those urges are natural, don’t you? | 性冲动是与生俱来的 |
[1:14:57] | You know all of us had them. You know that now, right? | 每个人都有 你现在知道了吧 |
[1:15:14] | “From Basrah we sailed, | 我们从巴士拉出发 |
[1:15:17] | Day after day, night after night, over the sea, | 日复一日 夜复一夜 漂洋过海 |
[1:15:22] | Visiting island after island and land after land, | 走访一座又一座岛屿 一片又一片陆地 |
[1:15:27] | Selling or bartering our goods at each. | 贩卖或交易物品 |
[1:15:34] | One day, after some weeks of sailing out of sight of land, | 阔别陆地数周之后的某天 |
[1:15:39] | We saw an island in the sea with such fair greenery | 我们在茫茫大海中看见了一座绿意浓浓的小岛 |
[1:15:41] | That it appeared like one of the gardens of Eden. | 宛若伊甸园中的一座花园 |
[1:15:45] | At once the captain made towards this delectable land | 船长立刻向这座美丽的岛屿进发 |
[1:15:49] | And, when the anchor had been cast and the ladder lowered, | 抛锚铺梯之后 |
[1:15:53] | Allowed his passengers to disembark.” | 让乘客们上岸 |
[1:16:02] | Don’t stop. | 别停 |
[1:18:30] | Ruth got it right. Right street, right door, everything. | 露丝的情报无误 街道门牌号等全都对 |
[1:18:39] | We have to decide which of my drawings we’re gonna take. | 我们得决定带哪些作品去 |
[1:18:46] | Just take the best ones. Maybe six or seven of them. | 只挑最好的吧 大概六七幅 |
[1:18:49] | – You have to help me. – Yeah, I know. | -你得帮我 -好的 |
[1:18:57] | So, we’ll just go there. | 那么我们要去了 |
[1:19:01] | Next week. | 下周 |
[1:19:03] | I’ll take you out for lab tests, | 我带你出去体检 |
[1:19:04] | I’ll sign you out for the whole day | 我帮你申请一整天的外出许可 |
[1:19:06] | and we’ll visit Madame on the way back. | 回来的路上去拜访夫人 |
[1:19:24] | We’re going to do it. | 我们要去做了 |
[1:19:28] | I thought you should know. | 我觉得应该跟你说一声 |
[1:19:33] | You’re going to apply? | 你们是要去申请吗 |
[1:19:38] | Yes. | 是 |
[1:19:45] | Good. | 很好 |
[1:21:50] | Madame? | 夫人 |
[1:21:57] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[1:21:59] | We didn’t mean to startle you. | 我们不是故意吓您的 |
[1:22:02] | We were at Hailsham. | 我们曾是黑尔舍姆的学生 |
[1:22:09] | I’m Kathy. This is Tommy. | 我叫凯茜 这是汤米 |
[1:22:13] | We’re not here to give you any trouble. | 我们不是来找麻烦的 |
[1:22:19] | From Hailsham? | 黑尔舍姆的学生吗 |
[1:22:21] | We just came to talk to you. | 只想来和您谈谈 |
[1:22:24] | And I brought you some things. | 我给您带了点儿东西 |
[1:22:27] | Some things you might like for your Gallery. | 您可能会想放进画廊的一些东西 |
[1:22:32] | Come inside. | 进来吧 |
[1:23:10] | Please, wait here. | 稍等一会儿 |
[1:23:30] | Look, it’s Hailsham. | 看 是黑尔舍姆 |
[1:23:33] | Kathy, it’s Hailsham. | 凯茜 是黑尔舍姆 |
[1:23:37] | That’s exactly how I remember it. | 跟我记忆里的一模一样 |
[1:23:47] | Please, sit down. | 请坐 |
[1:24:04] | So… | 那么 |
[1:24:09] | We’re in love. | 我们相爱 |
[1:24:11] | And it’s true love. It’s verifiable. | 真心相爱 禁得住鉴定的爱 |
[1:24:15] | Verifiable. I see. | 禁得住鉴定的 我明白了 |
[1:24:23] | Go on. | 继续 |
[1:24:24] | Well, | 好 |
[1:24:27] | we’d heard about the deferrals. | 我们听说了延期的事 |
[1:24:32] | And we’d worked out the purpose of The Gallery. | 也发现了设立画廊的真正目的 |
[1:24:36] | Tell me the purpose. | 什么目的 |
[1:24:40] | To use our art from Hailsham | 通过我们在黑尔舍姆的作品 |
[1:24:43] | to look into our souls, | 检视我们的灵魂 |
[1:24:47] | which would verify that we deserved a deferral. | 鉴定我们是否有资格延期 |
[1:24:51] | But the problem is | 但问题是 |
[1:24:54] | I was a little bit mixed up back then | 我当时不太明白 |
[1:24:57] | and I didn’t really do any art, | 都没认真创作 |
[1:25:03] | so you never took anything of mine. | 故您从未选中我的画 |
[1:25:05] | I know, I know that that is my fault | 我知道这是我的错 |
[1:25:09] | and it is probably much too late, | 可能太晚了 |
[1:25:12] | but I brought some stuff with me today. | 但我今天带了些作品 |
[1:25:20] | This is a book of stuff and… | 这是我的画册 |
[1:25:35] | Other stuff here. | 还有一些其他作品 |
[1:25:42] | Some of them I’ve done quite recently, | 有些是我最近完成的 |
[1:25:46] | and others | 其他 |
[1:25:50] | were done several years ago, so there’s a real spread. | 是前些年画的 差别挺大 |
[1:25:54] | You already have a load of stuff from Kath already. | 您已经有一大堆凯茜的画了 |
[1:25:57] | She got loads of stuff into The Gallery over the years, didn’t… | 那些年她入选的作品很多… |
[1:26:00] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[1:26:05] | I never know what to do. | 我从不知道该做什么 |
[1:26:14] | I’ll take it from here. | 我来接着说吧 |
[1:26:22] | Thank you, George. | 谢谢 乔治 |
[1:26:28] | Kathy H and Tommy D. | 凯茜·H和汤米·D |
[1:26:32] | I remember you both. | 我记得你们 |
[1:26:35] | Kathy, a bright girl, and so creative. | 凯茜很聪明 很有创意 |
[1:26:38] | And Tommy, a big heart and terrible rages. | 汤米心胸广阔 脾气很差 |
[1:26:46] | You have to understand, | 你们要明白 |
[1:26:49] | Hailsham was the last place to consider the ethics of donation. | 黑尔舍姆是最后一个考虑伦理的地方 |
[1:26:54] | We used your art to show what you were capable of. | 我们让你们通过艺术展现自身能力 |
[1:26:58] | To show that donor children are all but human. | 证明克隆人也是人类 |
[1:27:02] | But we were providing an answer | 但我们却是在给一个根本无人问津 |
[1:27:04] | to a question no one was asking. | 的问题提供答案 |
[1:27:08] | If you ask people to return to darkness, | 如果要让人们重新回到黑暗 |
[1:27:10] | the days of lung cancer, | 挣扎在肺癌 乳腺癌 |
[1:27:12] | breast cancer, motor neurone disease, | 运动神经元疾病的痛苦之中 |
[1:27:15] | they’ll simply say no. | 他们一定不同意 |
[1:27:21] | We used to get two or three couples like you a year. | 以前每年都有两到三对情侣过来 |
[1:27:26] | Not so much these days. | 最近少了 |
[1:27:29] | You’re the first for quite a while. | 这么久以来 你们是第一对 |
[1:27:36] | To apply for a deferral? | 来申请延期吗 |
[1:27:46] | There are no deferrals, Tommy. | 汤米 没有什么延期 |
[1:27:54] | There are no deferrals. And there never have been. | 根本没有延期这回事 从来没有 |
[1:28:08] | We didn’t have The Gallery in order to look into your souls. | 画廊不是要鉴定你们的灵魂 |
[1:28:13] | We had The Gallery to see if you had souls at all. | 而是为了看你们是否有灵魂 |
[1:28:29] | Do you understand? | 明白吗 |
[1:28:41] | Yes. | 是 |
[1:28:50] | Your drawings are very good. | 画真的很棒 |
[1:28:54] | If you want, I’ll keep them. | 如果你愿意 我可以收下 |
[1:29:59] | Thank you for talking to us. | 谢谢您和我们聊天 |
[1:30:05] | You poor creatures. | 可怜的生物 |
[1:30:08] | I wish I could help you. | 我也希望能帮你们 |
[1:31:10] | Sorry, can we stop for a second? I need to get out. | 抱歉 能停一下吗 我想出去 |
[1:34:21] | It’s been two weeks since I lost him. | 汤米走了两周了 |
[1:34:54] | I’ve been given my notice now. | 我也接到通知 |
[1:35:00] | My first donation is in a month’s time. | 一个月后我要进行第一次捐献 |
[1:35:11] | I come here and imagine that this is the spot | 我来到这里 想象童年消逝后 |
[1:35:15] | where everything I’ve lost since my childhood has washed up. | 所有遗失的美好都在这里堆积 |
[1:35:22] | I tell myself if that were true, | 我告诉自己 如果真是这样 |
[1:35:27] | and I waited long enough, | 我又等得够久 |
[1:35:30] | then a tiny figure would appear on the horizon across the field | 远方地平线上就会出现一个小小的身影 |
[1:35:34] | and gradually get larger until I’d see it was Tommy. | 并逐渐变大 终于我发现那是汤米 |
[1:35:41] | He’d wave | 他会向我招手 |
[1:35:43] | and maybe call. | 可能还呼唤着我的名字 |
[1:35:47] | I don’t let the fantasy go beyond that. | 我就不再奢望更多了 |
[1:35:51] | I can’t let it. | 不能再幻想下去了 |
[1:35:54] | I remind myself | 我告诉自己 |
[1:35:55] | I was lucky to have had any time with him at all. | 能和他拥有一段美好时光已经很幸运了 |
[1:36:03] | What I’m not sure about | 我不确定的是 |
[1:36:05] | is if our lives have been so | 我们的生命 |
[1:36:07] | different from the lives of the people we save. | 同我们所救的人真的有天壤之别吗 |
[1:36:13] | We all complete. | 我们都终结了 |
[1:36:17] | Maybe none of us really understand what we’ve lived through | 或许我们中都没有人真正了解自己的遭遇 |
[1:36:23] | or feel we’ve had enough time. | 或觉得自己有充足的生命 |
[1:42:49] | When we are scattered afar and asunder | 当我们散落在天涯 |
[1:42:54] | Parted are those who are singing today | 今日共歌之人各奔东西 |
[1:43:00] | When we look back and forgetfully wonder | 当我们蓦然回首 不禁忆起 |
[1:43:06] | What we were like in our learning and play | 学习玩耍时的模样 |
[1:43:12] | Oh, the great days will bring distance enchanted | 美好的日子将拉近彼此的距离 |
[1:43:18] | Days of fresh air in the rain and the sun | 阳光雨露下的清新岁月 |
[1:43:23] | How we rejoiced as we struggled and panted | 我们嬉戏游耍 兴高采烈 |
[1:43:29] | Echoes of dreamland, Hailsham lives on | 梦境的回声中 黑尔舍姆永存 |