英文名称:Motherless Brooklyn
年代:2019
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:40] | 手握巨人之力固然实属乐事 | |
[00:45] | 滥用巨人之力则与暴君无异 | |
[00:47] | 莎士比亚《一报还一报》 | |
[01:04] | 布鲁克林秘案 | |
[01:10] | Frank always used to say, | 弗兰克总是说 |
[01:11] | “Tell your story walkin’, pal.” | “边走边说 伙计” |
[01:14] | He was more philosophical than your average gumshoe, | 他比普通侦探更为处乱不惊 |
[01:16] | but he liked to do his talkin’ on the move, | 但他喜欢把话留在行动时说 |
[01:18] | so here’s how it all went down. | 事情是这样的 |
[01:22] | I got somethin’ wrong with my head. | 我的脑子有毛病 |
[01:24] | That’s the first thing to know. | 先把这事告诉你 |
[01:25] | If! | 要是 |
[01:26] | It’s like having glass in the brain. | 感觉就像是脑袋里有碎玻璃 |
[01:28] | I can’t stop pickin’ things apart… | 我会忍不住地撕扯东西 |
[01:31] | twistin’ ’em around, reassembling ’em. | 把它们缠绕打结 再重新拼凑 |
[01:33] | Words and sounds, especially. | 尤其是言语和声音 |
[01:36] | It’s like an itch that has to be scratched. | 就像是一定要挠的一处痒 |
[01:38] | Quit pullin’ at it. | 别扯线头了 |
[01:39] | You’re gonna make a fuckin’ mess out of things. | 毛衣要被你弄成一团乱麻了 |
[01:43] | I got threads in my heads. | 我脑子里有线头 |
[01:45] | I got threads in my heads! | 我脑子里有线头 |
[01:48] | I got threads in my heads, man! | 我脑子里有线头 朋友 |
[01:51] | And I twitch a lot. | 而且我老是抽搐 |
[01:53] | It’s hard to miss. | 不难察觉 |
[01:54] | It makes me look like a goddamn spastic, | 让我看起来跟个脑瘫一样 |
[01:56] | but if I try to hold it back, it just makes it worse. | 但我越想控制自己 抽搐就越是严重 |
[02:00] | Shit, just help me out, will ya? | 该死 帮我一下行吗 |
[02:02] | Like I said, a fuckin’ mess! | 我怎么说的 一团乱麻 |
[02:05] | Jesus, Freakshow, ruin another sweater. | 你这怪胎 又扯坏一件毛衣 |
[02:08] | No, cut it closer. Cut it closer. | 剪短点 剪短点 |
[02:11] | Fuckin’ mess is right. | 确实是一团乱麻 |
[02:13] | The nun said my soul wasn’t at peace with God | 修女说我的灵魂没有与上帝和解 |
[02:15] | and I should do penance. | 我应当忏悔 |
[02:17] | Frank said anyone teaching God’s love | 弗兰克说任何一个 |
[02:18] | while they hit you with a stick | 用棍棒教育上帝之爱的人 |
[02:19] | should be ignored on every subject. | 都应该被完全无视 |
[02:22] | Frank Minna. | 弗兰克·明纳 |
[02:24] | If you had to pick just one guy to be on your side, | 如果你只能挑一个人当同伴 |
[02:26] | he’s the one you’d want. | 他是不二之选 |
[02:28] | It’s Minna’s game. We’re all just in the lineup. | 明纳掌控大局 我们都是他的小卒 |
[02:31] | – Boys. – Boss. | -伙计们 -老大 |
[02:33] | Frank. Frankly Frankady Franko! | 弗兰克 弗弗兰兰克克 |
[02:35] | All right, listen. | 好了 听着 |
[02:36] | Here’s the shot. I’ll be up on the third floor. | 安排如下 我到时候会在三楼 |
[02:39] | Lionel will go to the payphone in about 20 minutes. | 二十分钟后莱昂内尔去电话亭 |
[02:41] | When they come, probably three or four of them, | 等他们到了 大概三到四个人 |
[02:44] | when they come, you call me here. | 他们一到你就给我打电话 |
[02:45] | I’ll buzz ’em in. Coney waits at the door. | 我先给他们开门 科尼在门口等着 |
[02:48] | I buzz him in, he stays inside. | 我再给他开门 他就待在里面 |
[02:50] | Lionel’s listening, sharp on the line. | 莱昂内尔在电话里仔细监听 |
[02:52] | If you hear me say, “We have a problem,” hustle over. | 听到我说”我们有麻烦了” 就赶快过去 |
[02:55] | Coney lets you in. The two of you come upstairs, | 科尼给你开门 你俩上楼 |
[02:58] | back me up quick. | 火速支援我 |
[02:59] | What’s going down here, Frank? | 到底是什么差事 弗兰克 |
[03:02] | I gotta keep this under my hat, boys. | 这事我得保密[放在我的帽子下] 伙计们 |
[03:04] | Fat cats in hats! | 帽里有肥猫 |
[03:06] | Them’s the ones, pal. | 正是这样 哥们 |
[03:07] | Let’s catch a big score and get fat ourselves. | 咱们干票大的 捞点油水 |
[03:10] | – Boss, we’re not carrying. – What? | -老大 没带家伙 -什么 |
[03:12] | A piece. I don’t have a piece. | 家伙 我没带家伙 |
[03:14] | “A piece”? Say “gun,” Gilbert. | 什么”家伙” 说”枪” 吉尔伯特 |
[03:17] | – Okay, I don’t have a gun. – That’s what I count on. | -好吧 我没带枪 -就指望着你没带枪 |
[03:19] | That’s how I sleep at night, you with no gun. | 你身上没枪 我才能睡个安稳觉 |
[03:22] | I got a gun. You just show up. | 我带着枪 你们带着自己就行 |
[03:25] | I wouldn’t want you chuckleheads coming up a staircase | 我可不想你们两个笨蛋上楼时 |
[03:27] | with a hairpin and a harmonica. | 手里拿着发夹和口琴 |
[03:29] | Hairy chin, harmony harp! Quit windin’ me up. | 大胡子 大竖琴 别损我了 |
[03:31] | With an unlit cigar and a chicken wing. | 还拿着根没点燃的雪茄和鸡翅 |
[03:33] | – Right, Brooklyn? – Chicky wing ding. | -对吧 布鲁克林 -鸡翅膀真好吃 |
[03:34] | I wing that chick in the ding. | 我马上吃了只鸡 |
[03:36] | Come on, seriously. | 说正经的 |
[03:37] | Don’t throw me off. | 别吊着我 |
[03:39] | – Just give us the rest of it, all right? – All right, all right. | -把剩下的告诉我们 行吗 -好的好的 |
[03:42] | Now, if I say, “Let me use the can,” | 如果我说”让我上个厕所” |
[03:44] | it means we’re comin’ out. | 就代表我们要出来了 |
[03:45] | Get Gil, get in the car, get ready to follow. | 喊上吉尔 上车准备跟踪 |
[03:48] | I might need to give someone the slip. Got it? | 我可能得想办法逃跑 明白吗 |
[03:50] | Yeah. Problem up the stairs. | 嗯 楼上有麻烦 |
[03:52] | “Use the can,” start the car. Got it. | “上个厕所” 汽车点火 明白 |
[03:53] | Get, gotten, got, gotcha! | 明了 明晰 明澈 明显 |
[03:55] | Lionel’s got it, just follow his lead. | 莱昂内尔明白了 听他指挥就行 |
[03:57] | Oh, come on, you gotta be kiddin’ me. | 得了吧 你跟我开玩笑呢 |
[03:58] | Coney, what did I say when I came into the office last Tuesday? | 科尼 我上周二刚进办公室时说了什么 |
[04:02] | – What? – Lionel? | -什么 -莱昂内尔 |
[04:03] | You hung up your coat, you put your hat on the third hook, | 你挂好大衣 把帽子挂在了第三个挂钩 |
[04:05] | you said, “I just saw a girl on the ferry, | 你说 “我刚在轮渡上看到个姑娘 |
[04:07] | and the smile she gave me is gonna get me through the winter.” | 她的笑容足以让我熬过寒冬” |
[04:09] | Then you threw your notebook to Danny, and said, | 然后你把笔记本扔给丹尼说道 |
[04:10] | “How’s a guy supposed to keep | “身边有如此诱惑 |
[04:11] | a marriage together with 22 on the menu?” | 一个男的怎么可能不出轨啊” |
[04:13] | Like I said, Lionel’s on point. | 如我所说 莱昂内尔一字不差 |
[04:20] | Sit on it, Bailey! | 给我滚 贝利 |
[04:22] | Fuckin’ Bailey. | 傻逼贝利 |
[04:23] | If! | 要是 |
[04:24] | Bailey’s what my head calls me. | 贝利是大脑对我的称呼 |
[04:26] | It calls me out whenever I try to resist it. | 每当我想要反抗 它就会这么叫我 |
[04:28] | There’s things that calm it down. | 有几样东西能让它冷静下来 |
[04:30] | Gum, weed. | 口香糖 大麻 |
[04:32] | Sometimes, something a little stronger if I’m in bad shape. | 要是我状况不佳 就需要更强劲的东西 |
[04:35] | But if I try to put a lid on it, it gets worse. | 但要是我试图控制住它 毛病就会加重 |
[04:37] | If I get nervous, it gets worse. | 要是我紧张 也会加重 |
[04:39] | If I get excited, it gets worse. | 要是我兴奋 也会加重 |
[04:40] | If! | 要是 |
[04:41] | It’s the argument I can’t win. | 这是我吵不赢的一场架 |
[04:46] | Another Minna classic. | 明纳的典型做派 |
[04:47] | Freezin’ our asses off. Don’t even know the score. | 我们冻得不成人样 却连什么差事都不清楚 |
[04:50] | – What, you have big plans this weekend, Coney? – Yeah, maybe. | -怎么 你周末有什么大事吗 科尼 -不行吗 |
[04:52] | – Hot date? – Maybe. Maybe I do. | -约会吗 -说不定我还真有 |
[04:54] | Coney Island! | 科尼岛 |
[04:56] | Coney Island hot dogs! | 科尼岛热狗 |
[04:58] | Coney Island hot dogs right here! | 科尼岛热狗真香 |
[04:59] | All right, Freakshow, just a little quieter, please. | 行了怪胎 消停下吧 求你了 |
[05:05] | That’s it. We’re on. Be ready. | 到点了 开始行动 做好准备 |
[05:24] | Hey, boss. | 老大 |
[05:25] | Bossy, bossy bitch! | 老大就是个贱人 |
[05:27] | You keeping it together, Brooklyn? | 你还好吗 布鲁克林 |
[05:28] | No, no, no. I got my gum. | 没事没事 我准备了口香糖 |
[05:30] | I’ll keep it under control when it counts. | 关键时刻我控制得住 |
[05:32] | Like we said, stay tuned in, pal. | 按原计划 时刻监听 伙计 |
[05:34] | I might need that head of yours later. | 之后我可能需要你的脑袋瓜子帮忙 |
[05:36] | Yeah, I got you covered, boss. | 包在我身上 老大 |
[05:37] | I know you do. | 知道你靠得住 |
[05:44] | Hey, I think your friends are here. | 看来你的朋友们到了 |
[05:47] | All right, how many? | 好的 几个人 |
[05:48] | There’s two walkin’ up the block, two out the car. | 两个正走过来 两个刚刚下车 |
[05:52] | – You see ’em? – Yeah, I see ’em. | -看见没 -看见了 |
[05:54] | Jesus Christ, look at the size of that guy. | 我的天 看看那家伙的块头 |
[05:57] | They got… They got serious muscle with them. | 他们…他们看上去可不好惹 |
[05:59] | Is everything cool, boss? | 没事吧 老大 |
[06:01] | Cool as can be. Just a little chat. | 大可放心 聊聊天而已 |
[06:08] | “Here lies Frank Minna. Cool as can be.” | “弗兰克·明纳在此安息 大可放心” |
[06:10] | They’ll carve that on his fuckin’ tombstone. | 他们会把这句话刻在他的墓碑上 |
[06:13] | I don’t know if it was growin’ up in Greenpoint | 不知道是因为在绿点区长大 |
[06:13] | 纽约布鲁克林的一个社区 | |
[06:15] | or fightin’ the Japanese, | 还是因为参加过二战 |
[06:16] | but he was cool under pressure in a way you can’t teach. | 他在面对压力时有着异于常人的冷静 |
[06:19] | I was just happy to have a job on his team. | 我很高兴能在他手下做事 |
[06:22] | And if there’s one thing my pain-in-the-ass brain | 如果一定要说我这烦人的大脑 |
[06:24] | does know how to do, | 有什么长处 |
[06:25] | it’s listen and remember things. | 那就是超群的听觉和记忆力 |
[06:31] | Gentlemen, thanks for coming. Drink? | 先生们 谢谢拜访 喝点什么吗 |
[06:34] | We’re not gonna be here that long. | 我们不会久留 |
[06:36] | Now explain this crap. | 解释下这是怎么回事 |
[06:37] | Which part didn’t you understand? | 你是哪里不明白呢 |
[06:38] | How about the part where you got the idea | 先跟我说说你是怎么想的 |
[06:40] | to go poking around after some colored broad, for starters? | 居然要去调查那个黑人婆娘 |
[06:42] | – She works for the committee. – She’s a fuckin’ secretary. | -她在委员会工作 -她就是个秘书 |
[06:45] | We told you to dig in on Horowitz, | 我们是让你去挖霍洛维茨的料 |
[06:46] | find something we can shut them down with. | 找到能让他们关门的把柄 |
[06:48] | There’s nothing there, Lou. | 什么都没挖到 卢 |
[06:49] | You wanna know what’s goin’ on in that report, | 我来告诉你我报告里写了什么 |
[06:51] | that “colored broad” is doing | 那个”黑人婆娘” |
[06:52] | most of the legwork on Hamilton for ’em. | 是给他们的哈密尔顿项目跑腿的 |
[06:54] | So I put some time into that, too. | 所以我也花时间调查了一下 |
[06:56] | You looked in some funny places. | 你调查的净是些怪地方 |
[06:58] | What can I tell ya? I’m a snoop. It’s what I do. | 能怎么办 我是个私家侦探 这是我的工作 |
[07:00] | It’s called being thorough. | 这叫办事细致 |
[07:01] | It’s called wasting our time. | 这叫浪费时间 |
[07:03] | This is fucking Chinese, Frank! | 你这写的都是什么天书 弗兰克 |
[07:04] | If you need a roadmap to wipe your ass, | 如果你连擦屁股都要人教的话 |
[07:06] | I can’t help you, Lou. | 我帮不了你 卢 |
[07:07] | Walk us through it, Mr. Minna, | 那就帮我们捋一遍 明纳先生 |
[07:08] | just to be sure we’re very clear. | 确保我们都听明白了 |
[07:10] | It’s right there in ink. | 白纸黑字写着呢 |
[07:23] | Anybody else like to offer a different interpretation? | 其他人有不同的理解吗 |
[07:25] | None of this can be proved. | 你证明不了这些都是真的 |
[07:27] | That signature is the real deal. | 签名是货真价实的 |
[07:28] | If you knew the man, | 如果你了解这人 |
[07:29] | you’d know why that seems highly implausible. | 你就会明白为什么签名不像是真的 |
[07:31] | I checked it against the others. | 我对比了其它笔迹 |
[07:32] | That is his John Hancock. | 确实是他的亲笔签名 |
[07:33] | And the paper trail backs it up. | 而且纸面记录也证实了这一点 |
[07:35] | Think Horowitz knows all of this? | 霍洛维茨知道这件事吗 |
[07:37] | No. | 不知道 |
[07:37] | Or you’d already be eating shit. | 不然你早就玩完了 |
[07:39] | It’d have been in the paper the next day. | 因为第二天这事就会见报 |
[07:41] | The girl, she married? Got family? | 那姑娘结婚了吗 有家人吗 |
[07:43] | It’s all in my file. | 文件里都有 |
[07:44] | Her mother’s dead. No brother or sisters. | 她母亲已故 没有兄弟姐妹 |
[07:46] | – What about her father? – Father’s a busted-up vet. | -父亲呢 -父亲是个落魄老兵 |
[07:48] | He runs a jazz club up here. He drinks too much. | 在这附近开了家爵士酒吧 时常酗酒 |
[07:51] | Mr. Minna, I’ll assume you’re aware of | 明纳先生 我想你很清楚 |
[07:53] | – what occurs a week from Thursday? – I am. | -下周四会发生什么吧 -是的 |
[07:55] | So then, you understand our firm determination | 那你应该理解我们要坚决确保 |
[07:58] | to keep such information out of the hands of our detractors? | 不让此等信息落入诋毁者之手吧 |
[08:01] | Sure, it’s the nature of the game. | 当然 游戏本质就是如此 |
[08:02] | But these are all photos. | 但这都是照片 |
[08:03] | May I hope you’re in possession of the originals? | 请问原件在你手上吗 |
[08:06] | – I am. – Excellent. | -在 -好极了 |
[08:07] | Well, we’ll need to get those from you. | 你得拿给我们 |
[08:09] | I figured as much. | 我想也是 |
[08:11] | I thought we could talk about terms. | 我觉得我们可以谈谈条件 |
[08:12] | What the fuck are you talkin’ about? | 你他妈说什么呢 |
[08:16] | Have you lost your mind? | 你疯了吗 |
[08:17] | Let’s not kid each other, fellas. | 咱们就别揣着明白装糊涂了 伙计们 |
[08:18] | You got the biggest gravy train of the century pulling out. | 你们马上就要谈成本世纪最赚钱的买卖了 |
[08:21] | I’m just asking for a seat here in the rear. | 我只不过是想稍微分一杯羹 |
[08:23] | That’s quite impossible. | 绝对不可能 |
[08:24] | I’d double this at any paper in town. | 我找城里任何一家报社都能卖出双倍价钱 |
[08:29] | I’m gonna pretend you didn’t say | 我会假装你没说过 |
[08:31] | what you just said, and we’re gonna get… | 刚才那些话 然后我们要… |
[08:32] | It’s just an observation. | 我就这么一说 |
[08:33] | I’m here in good faith. | 我是带着诚意来的 |
[08:34] | – Just assessing value… – You can forget it! | -评估一下价值… -别想了 |
[08:36] | Jeez, Lou. | 天 卢 |
[08:37] | What is your beef with a guy gettin’ paid for good work? | 我办事拿钱 你有什么不满的 |
[08:40] | As far as I can see, you get paid for doin’ nothing. | 据我目前看来 你可是拿了钱却什么都没干 |
[08:42] | – Watch your mouth. – Jesus, take it easy. | -管好你的嘴 -天 别激动 |
[08:44] | – Shit. – Open up your coat. | -该死 -把大衣敞开 |
[08:45] | – What? – Are you carryin’? | -为什么 -你带枪了吗 |
[08:47] | You bring a gun to a meeting? | 你带着枪来跟人碰面 |
[08:48] | – I had it since the war, Lou… – What the fuck? | -我从打仗起就带着了 卢 -什么情况 |
[08:49] | Listen, motherfucker, I’m gonna have my friend | 听着 混蛋 我要让我朋友 |
[08:51] | – shove that right up your ass. – Enough. | -把那玩意儿捅进你的屁眼 -够了 |
[08:53] | Lou, a word. | 卢 借一步说话 |
[08:57] | Oh, come on, fellas, don’t get in a twist. | 别这样 伙计们 别为这点小事伤了和气 |
[08:59] | It’s just business. | 只是生意而已 |
[09:00] | Mr. Minna, we do appreciate the service you’ve rendered. | 明纳先生 我们很感激你提供的服务 |
[09:03] | And these gentlemen will take you to get the originals | 这几位先生会带你去取原件 |
[09:06] | and if all is in order, | 如果一切正常的话 |
[09:07] | we’ll arrange an appropriate resolution for you. | 我们会妥善解决你的需求 |
[09:10] | Of course. Like I say, good faith. | 当然 我说过了 我诚意十足 |
[09:13] | Just let me use the can first. | 先让我上个厕所 |
[09:16] | Come on, come on! Come on, come on! | 快来 快点 快 |
[09:20] | Shithead hitter! | 妈的动手了 |
[09:22] | – Hit him in the shitter! – What happened? | -在厕所里揍他 -什么情况 |
[09:23] | They hit him. They hit him. I think that they hit him. | 他们揍了他 我觉得他们揍了他 |
[09:24] | Well, Jesus, Freakshow, what are we doing here? | 我操 怪胎 那我们还在这里干什么 |
[09:26] | No, no, no. Wait, wait, wait. | 不不不 等等 等等 |
[09:27] | He said, “Use the can.” He wants us to follow him. | 他说的是”上个厕所” 他想让我们跟着他 |
[09:29] | Can the man! Can the loose man! | 他上厕所 让他上厕所 |
[09:37] | And this fucking guy. | 这傻逼挡什么道 |
[09:41] | – I don’t like it. – Me, neither. Let’s go. | -我觉得不妙 -我也是 我们走 |
[09:44] | Shit! | 操 |
[09:53] | No, no. No. | 不 别过来 |
[09:56] | Shit. We gotta go, we gotta go! | 该死 我们得跟上 快 |
[09:58] | Come on, come on, come on! | 快快快 |
[10:00] | Go, go, go! Fire it up! | 快快快 点火 |
[10:02] | Fire it up, come on! | 点火啊 快 |
[10:04] | This fucking guy! | 这个天杀的 |
[10:06] | Eat me, Mr. Dickey Weed! | 吃我啊 大麻先生 |
[10:08] | Eat me, Mr. Dickey Weed! | 吃我啊 大麻先生 |
[10:12] | Come on. | 快点 |
[10:15] | Left, left, left. Lick me, Loose Lucy! | 左左左 舔我啊 小露西 |
[10:24] | There, there, there. That’s them. That’s them. | 那边那边 就是他们 是他们 |
[10:25] | Don’t blow past them, don’t blow past them. | 别超过他们 别超车 |
[10:27] | Slow down, slow down. | 慢点 慢点开 |
[10:30] | Watch out! Watch out! | 小心 小心 |
[10:33] | Shit! | 操 |
[10:36] | You fuckin’ blind? | 你他妈瞎了吗 |
[10:51] | – The fuck? – How’d we lose them? | -搞什么啊 -怎么会跟丢了 |
[10:53] | There, there! There! | 那边那边 在那里 |
[11:02] | Where’s he goin’? | 他要去哪儿 |
[11:03] | The ramp, he’s goin’ to Queens. Queenie Coney. | 上了匝道 他是要去皇后区 皇后科尼 |
[11:05] | Queenie Coney. Queenie Coney. | 皇后科尼 皇后科尼 |
[11:08] | In the right lane. Get to the right. | 右边那条道 去右边 |
[11:10] | Where the fuck are they? | 他们在哪里 |
[11:18] | Son of a bitch, that’s them! | 该死的 他们在那里 |
[11:20] | Come on, we’re gonna lose them. | 快点 我们要跟丢了 |
[11:22] | Come on! | 快点啊 |
[11:23] | – Quacker, quoter, quarter! – What? | -四块四毛四分四 -什么 |
[11:24] | Quacker, quoter, quarter! | 四块四毛四分四 |
[11:25] | – What? – Quarter! You need a quarter! | -说什么啊 -硬币 你得准备交钱 |
[11:26] | Get a fuckin’ quarter out, Coney! | 快拿硬币出来 科尼 |
[11:27] | Why didn’t you say something? | 你怎么不早说 |
[11:30] | Go, go, go! Go, go! | 走走走 快 |
[11:46] | There, there, there. Go left, go left. | 那边那边 左边 左转 |
[11:50] | They gotta be somewhere. | 他们肯定在某个地方 |
[11:52] | I’d say they’re somewhere, Gil, yes. Where? | 我也知道在某个地方 吉尔 重点是哪个地方 |
[12:02] | Stop, go back! Go back! | 停 回去 调头 |
[12:04] | Jesus! | 天 |
[12:14] | Shit! Drop it! We gotta get out of here! | 操 快扔了 我们得离开这里 |
[12:16] | Come on, let’s go! Let’s go! | 快点 我们走 |
[12:18] | God damn it. | 该死 |
[12:22] | Frank! | 弗兰克 |
[12:24] | Pull it up! | 把车停过来 |
[12:30] | You wanna help me out here, please? | 能帮我一把吗 |
[12:31] | – Yeah. – Oh, shit! | -当然 -我去 |
[12:34] | – Can you stand? – Yeah. | -你能站起来吗 -能 |
[12:39] | Coney, you lug wrench, get my hat! | 科尼 你个笨蛋 把我帽子捡回来 |
[12:41] | Forget the hat, Frank. | 别管帽子了 弗兰克 |
[12:42] | Get my hat, you fucking mook. | 给我把帽子捡回来 傻逼 |
[12:46] | Get my gun, too. | 还有我的枪 |
[12:54] | Where the hell are you going? | 你往哪开 |
[12:54] | I don’t know around here. | 我对这附近不熟 |
[12:55] | – Give me something. – Well, head for the hospital. | -给我个目的地 -那就去医院 |
[12:57] | Jesus! Hospitable herpetologist! | 天呐 医生医疗院 |
[12:59] | Mercy Hospital. | 慈济医院 |
[12:59] | Up McGuinness, you cabbageheads! | 麦吉尼斯路上 你们两个白痴 |
[13:03] | – Ah, sorry. – Pay attention! | -抱歉 -注意点 |
[13:05] | – If, if! – Easy, pal. | -要是 要是 -别紧张 伙计 |
[13:07] | Sorry. Sorry. | 抱歉 对不起 |
[13:08] | Put my watch and my wallet in my hat | 把我的表和钱包放到帽子里 |
[13:10] | and leave it in the car. | 留在车上 |
[13:11] | Don’t want anybody stealin’ it. | 我可不想被人偷了 |
[13:12] | The fuck happened, Frank? | 怎么回事 弗兰克 |
[13:13] | I took ’em on a wild goose chase and I tried to slip ’em. | 我带他们白跑了一趟 然后想趁机跑路 |
[13:16] | Ah, we should have jumped in sooner. | 我们该早点插手的 |
[13:17] | I thought you were signaling me off. | 我以为你是在暗示我别动手 |
[13:18] | No, not your fault. I almost made it. | 不怪你 我差点就成功了 |
[13:20] | I forgot they had my gun. | 我忘了他们拿着我的枪 |
[13:22] | Got through Guadalcanal without a scratch, | 当年都能毫发无损地挺过瓜岛战役 |
[13:24] | and I get shot with my own gun in Queens. | 如今却在皇后区被自己的枪打伤了 |
[13:27] | – You gonna be okay? – Yeah, yeah. | -你还能行吗 -没事 |
[13:28] | They clipped me in the side, but nothin’ important. | 他们打中了我的侧身 但没伤到要害 |
[13:30] | – Who? Who were they? – Well, don’t worry about it. | -他们是什么人 -别管了 |
[13:32] | Talk to me, Brooklyn. | 跟我聊天 布鲁克林 |
[13:34] | – I need one of your jokes. – What? | -我需要你的笑话 -什么 |
[13:35] | I need a joke. Just tell me a joke. | 我要听笑话 给我讲个笑话 |
[13:37] | Guy walks into a bar. | 有个人走进一家酒吧 |
[13:38] | Guy walks into a bar with an octopus | 有个人带着一只章鱼走进一家酒吧 |
[13:39] | and he says, “I’ll bet 50 this octopus | 他说 “我赌五十块 这只章鱼 |
[13:41] | can play any instrument in the joint.” | 会弹奏这里的任何一样乐器” |
[13:42] | Funny. Already in the black. | 有意思 有效果了 |
[13:43] | I’m gonna fucking… Fuck! Shit! | 我他妈要… 妈的 该死 |
[13:45] | Don’t blow the punchline, Lionel. | 别破哏 莱昂内尔 |
[13:47] | Watch out! Watch out! | 小心 看路 |
[13:49] | Jesus, what are we doing here? | 天 这是在干什么呢 |
[13:51] | Almost there. | 就快到了 |
[13:52] | 急诊 仅限救护车进入 | |
[13:54] | 急诊室 | |
[13:59] | What do you think you’re doing? Get this car out of… | 你们干什么 别把车停在… |
[14:00] | We’re an ambulance today, pal. Get someone! | 就当我们是救护车 伙计 快找人来 |
[14:08] | What do we got? | 什么情况 |
[14:08] | Gunshot in the back. Went out through the stomach. | 背部中枪 射穿了胃 |
[14:16] | Okay, they’re gonna fix you up. | 没事 他们会治好你的 |
[14:18] | Squeeze my hand. Squeeze my hand. | 抓紧我的手 抓紧 |
[14:20] | Clamp. | 血管钳 |
[14:21] | Stay with me, okay? Stay with me. | 别昏过去 好吗 跟我说话 |
[14:22] | Oh, shit, Brooklyn, she’s in trouble now. | 该死 布鲁克林 这下她有麻烦了 |
[14:25] | Who? Who was that in that room, boss? | 谁 在房间里的人是谁 老大 |
[14:26] | Played out of my league. | 是我自不量力 |
[14:28] | I should have kept her under my… | 我应该保护她… |
[14:30] | Easy, easy. They’re gonna give you something now, right? | 放松 他们要给你注射药物 好吗 |
[14:32] | Hand me two units. | 给我两个单位的 |
[14:33] | Morphine in. | 注射吗啡 |
[14:35] | – Hey, Brooklyn… – Yeah, I’m here, Frank. | -布鲁克林 -我在 弗兰克 |
[14:37] | You’re no freak. | 你不是怪胎 |
[14:41] | Yeah, okay. | 好的 |
[14:42] | Stay with me, okay? Stay with me. | 保持清醒 好吗 跟我说话 |
[14:43] | You were working for those guys. Who were they? | 你之前在为那些人办事 他们是谁 |
[14:48] | 常指台湾 | |
[14:48] | For… Formosa… | 福…福尔摩沙 |
[14:50] | Formosa? What is that? | 福尔摩沙 那是什么 |
[14:52] | Formosa… | 福尔摩沙 |
[14:55] | – I don’t have a pulse. – Move! | -没有脉搏了 -让开 |
[14:57] | – You can’t be here. – Get out! | -你不能待在这里 -出去 |
[14:58] | Get out. Get out! Get out! | 出去 快出去 |
[15:12] | A guy walks into a bar… | 有个人走进一家酒吧 |
[15:13] | A guy walks into a bar… | 有个人走进一家酒吧 |
[15:17] | – A guy walks into a bar… – We did the best we could. | -有个人走进一家酒吧 -我们尽力了 |
[15:19] | He lost too much… | 他失血… |
[15:21] | Too much blood. He didn’t make it. | 他失血过多 他没能挺过来 |
[15:24] | – I am so sorry. – So sorry, Bailey! | -我非常遗憾 -很遗憾 贝利 |
[15:26] | So sorry, Bailey! | 很遗憾 贝利 |
[15:31] | Frankly Frankady Franko! | 弗弗兰兰克克 |
[15:33] | Frankly Frankady Franko! | 弗弗兰兰克克 |
[15:35] | Frankly Frankady Franko! | 弗弗兰兰克克 |
[15:38] | Frankly Frankady Franko! | 弗弗兰兰克克 |
[15:40] | Frankly Frankady Franko! | 弗弗兰兰克克 |
[15:45] | Then he said he would take ’em to get this thing | 然后他说要带那群人去取东西 |
[15:45] | L&L中介公司 私人调查与叫车服务 | |
[15:47] | and that was our signal. | 那就是我们的暗号 |
[15:48] | So, he’s takin’ them to get somethin’ that they want, | 意思是他带那群人去取他们要的东西 |
[15:49] | and they off him. That doesn’t track. | 结果却被干掉了 根本说不通 |
[15:51] | No, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[15:52] | It all happened so fast. And we were just catchin’ up. | 一切都太突然了 我们只能勉强跟上 |
[15:54] | We barely saw ’em. | 几乎都没看到他们 |
[15:55] | How the fuck did you drop so far off them? | 你们他妈怎么会落后他们那么远 |
[15:57] | I told you, we lost them at the bridge. They had a badge. | 我说了 我们在大桥上跟丢了 他们有证章 |
[16:00] | They got waved through. There was nothin’ we could do. | 一路畅通无阻 我们也没办法 |
[16:02] | Freakshow’s right. It was a mess. | 怪胎说得没错 当时一团糟 |
[16:03] | So, who were they? | 他们到底是什么人 |
[16:05] | He wouldn’t say. Even after, in the car. | 他不肯说 哪怕后来在车里也不肯说 |
[16:07] | That’s great, Frank! | 真棒 弗兰克 |
[16:08] | 弗兰克·明纳 首席调查员 | |
[16:11] | If, if, if! | 要是 要是 要是 |
[16:16] | We gotta tell Julia. | 我们得通知茱莉亚 |
[16:18] | I told her already. | 我已经告诉她了 |
[16:20] | When? | 什么时候 |
[16:21] | She called looking for him. | 她正好打电话来找他 |
[16:23] | How’d she take it? Timbuk-take it! | 她什么反应 反霸…反应 |
[16:26] | How the fuck you think she took it, Freakshow? | 你觉得她会有什么反应 怪胎 |
[16:28] | Don’t say that again! | 别再这么喊了 |
[16:29] | I’m not in the fuckin’ mood. | 我他妈没那个心情 |
[16:31] | Yeah, all right, take it easy. | 行 好吧 别激动 |
[16:33] | I’m just sayin’… | 我只是说… |
[16:37] | We all know how she can be. | 我们都知道她会作何反应 |
[16:40] | Somebody’s gotta take her his things. | 得有人把他的遗物给她送去 |
[16:47] | I’ll do it. | 我去吧 |
[17:04] | Take his, huh? | 穿上他的 |
[17:06] | You can’t go out lookin’ like that. | 你穿这么单薄怎么出去 |
[17:11] | It’s freezin’. | 外面冷死了 |
[17:16] | – Thank you. – You sure you wanna do this? | -谢了 -你确定要去送吗 |
[17:18] | Maybe she’ll wanna know what happened at the end, you know? | 也许她会想知道在他弥留之际发生了什么 |
[17:27] | He say anything about her? | 他有提到她吗 |
[17:31] | No. | 没有 |
[17:33] | Help him out one last time. | 最后再帮他一次吧 |
[17:36] | Lie a little. | 撒个小谎 |
[17:47] | – Lionel. – Hey, Julia, I… | -莱昂内尔 -茱莉亚 我… |
[17:49] | Yeah, don’t bother. The hospital already called. | 别费心了 医院已经打过电话了 |
[17:52] | No, I got some of Frank’s things that I brought. | 不是 我带了一些弗兰克的东西过来 |
[17:56] | I thought you were gonna break the news to me again. | 我还以为你要再给我报一遍丧呢 |
[18:02] | Jeez, Julia, I’m… | 天啊 茱莉亚 我… |
[18:04] | I’m really sorry. | 我真的很遗憾 |
[18:05] | Nice twist, huh? | 真是出乎意料啊 是吧 |
[18:06] | Didn’t see that one coming, I gotta say. | 不得不说 我完全没料会发生这种事 |
[18:10] | Twisty, twitchy, twinky! Shit. | 扭动 抽搐 闪烁 该死 |
[18:12] | Look, I just want to be alone, okay? | 听着 我只想一个人待着 好吗 |
[18:14] | Sure, sure. Yeah. | 当然 当然 没问题 |
[18:17] | You can give me that watch, I guess. | 你把手表给我就行了 |
[18:19] | I don’t want the rest of that stuff. | 剩下的我都不想要 |
[18:21] | I’m gonna keep his gun, if that’s okay. | 如果可以的话 我打算留着他的枪 |
[18:23] | – You want the hat? – For what? | -你想要帽子吗 -要来干什么 |
[18:34] | You should have that. | 你应该留着这个 |
[18:41] | Was somebody with him when he… | 有人陪着他吗 他走的时候… |
[18:43] | Yeah, I was. | 嗯 我在 |
[18:48] | He was talkin’ about you, you know? | 他说起了你 |
[18:50] | Yeah, don’t bullshit me, okay? I’m pissed at him. | 行了 别糊弄我了 好吗 我正生他气呢 |
[18:54] | – No, don’t be. – Okay, well, I am. | -别生气 -我就是生气 |
[18:56] | Pissing bitch! | 生气的贱人 |
[18:58] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[19:00] | Julia… | 茱莉亚… |
[19:01] | did Frank say anything about who he was meeting today, | 弗兰克有说过他今天要跟谁见面 |
[19:04] | or what he was into? | 或者他在调查什么事吗 |
[19:05] | No, he didn’t. No. | 没 他没说过 |
[19:07] | – You got no idea who did this? – No. | -你不知道是谁干的吗 -不知道 |
[19:09] | If I figure it out, I’m gonna make ’em regret it, though. | 但要是我查出来了 我会让他们悔之不及的 |
[19:11] | I promise you that. | 我向你保证 |
[19:13] | Don’t promise me. | 别向我保证 |
[19:14] | It makes no difference to me one way or the other. | 对我而言怎样都不重要了 |
[19:32] | If! | 要是 |
[19:39] | If! | 要是 |
[20:12] | If! | 要是 |
[20:17] | If! | 要是 |
[20:24] | If! | 要是 |
[20:29] | If! | 要是 |
[20:35] | If! | 要是 |
[21:51] | Here you go, sir. | 给您 先生 |
[22:00] | 免费公共澡堂 | |
[22:02] | 纽约官员 | |
[22:04] | 自治局 | |
[22:08] | Let ’em in, Charlie. | 让他们进去吧 查理 |
[22:09] | All right, gentlemen. Come on in. | 好了 先生们 请进吧 |
[22:12] | Watch your step. It might be a little bit slippery. | 小心脚下 可能有点滑 |
[22:15] | I humbly accept the responsibility of the office of mayor, | 我深感谦恭地接受市长一职 |
[22:19] | and I accept the challenge of serving the people of New York City | 并将迎接挑战 忠于职守 |
[22:23] | faithfully and well. | 为纽约人民服务 |
[22:25] | Limited only by our own vision, | 只要我们足够有远见 |
[22:28] | our own audacity, | 足够有胆识 |
[22:29] | we will build the legacy of our time. | 我们必将创造属于我们时代的传承 |
[22:32] | A legacy for future generations to look upon | 能让子孙后代学习借鉴 |
[22:36] | and say, “Here was boldness. | 并感叹 “这就是所谓的魄力 |
[22:38] | Here is the greatest of what man can create.” | 这就是人类所能创造的伟大” |
[22:44] | God bless you. Thank you. | 上帝保佑你们 谢谢 |
[22:47] | Thank you, my fellow New Yorkers! Thank you! | 谢谢 我的纽约同胞们 谢谢你们 |
[22:51] | Do you solemnly swear to serve the people of New York | 你是否庄严宣誓为纽约人民服务 |
[22:53] | and uphold the integrity of the office | 作为分管社区关系的副市长 |
[22:55] | of Deputy Mayor of Community Relations? | 保持刚正廉明 |
[22:57] | I do. | 我宣誓 |
[23:06] | Mo. Splendid. | 摩 好极了 |
[23:08] | Do you solemnly swear to serve the people of New York | 你是否庄严宣誓为纽约人民服务 |
[23:10] | and uphold the integrity of the office | 作为城市公园局局长 |
[23:12] | of Commissioner of the City’s Parks? | 保持刚正廉明 |
[23:13] | I do. | 我宣誓 |
[23:16] | Do you solemnly swear to serve the people of New York | 你是否庄严宣誓为纽约人民服务 |
[23:19] | and uphold the integrity of the office | 作为建筑局局长 |
[23:20] | of Commissioner of Building and Construction? | 保持刚正廉明 |
[23:22] | I do. | 我宣誓 |
[23:24] | Good to have you aboard, Mo. Keep up the good work. | 很高兴有你的加入 摩 继续努力 |
[23:30] | Well, I’ll be damned, he did it. | 没想到啊 他真没握手 |
[23:32] | I told you. | 我早告诉你了 |
[23:33] | He’s no pushover, this one. | 他可不是什么软柿子 |
[23:35] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[23:37] | your New York City commissioner. | 掌声送给你们的局长 |
[23:40] | 10 bucks it won’t last past noon. | 赌十块撑不到中午 |
[23:47] | Mr. Mayor! Mr. Mayor! | 市长先生 市长先生 |
[23:47] | This way. | 这边 |
[23:55] | And after all that, | 在那之后 |
[23:56] | he voted for the wrong guy in three different precincts. | 他居然在三个不同的分局都投错了人 |
[24:01] | What is this shit? | 你他妈在搞什么 |
[24:03] | What about City Planning? | 城市规划局长呢 |
[24:05] | Sit here now, Mo. What is all this? | 坐下说 摩 这么凶干嘛 |
[24:06] | Don’t you play games with me, you fuckin’ mutt. | 别跟我耍花招 你个狗杂种 |
[24:08] | Either I get City Planning or I quit the other two. | 要么给我城市规划局长 要么我辞掉另外两个 |
[24:11] | Right now! | 快点 |
[24:12] | The reporters are still here. | 记者都还在呢 |
[24:13] | Easy now, it’s nothing to get hot about. | 别激动 没什么可生气的 |
[24:16] | It’s probably just an oversight. | 八成是疏忽了 |
[24:19] | They forgot to give me the blank. | 他们忘记把文件给我了 |
[24:20] | Just give us a day to get settled in, | 给我们一天安顿好 |
[24:22] | and I’ll see to it. | 我会督办这事的 |
[24:40] | Now sign it. | 签了它 |
[24:51] | Now give me. | 给我 |
[24:58] | Right. | 好了 |
[24:59] | Bunch of fuckin’ amateurs. | 一群该死的业余人士 |
[25:04] | Close the damn door and keep it closed! | 把门关上 关紧了 |
[25:07] | City sports authority reports new life in negotiations | 市体育部门称与沃特·欧马利关于 |
[25:09] | with Walter O’Malley to keep the Dodgers in Brooklyn. | 把道奇队留在布鲁克林的协商有了新进展 |
[25:19] | 见过新领导 | |
[25:19] | Read all about it in the Telegram. | 欲知详情 来看《电讯报》 |
[25:21] | The Dodgers can stay if the city will give ’em a yard. | 如果市里给道奇队批个球场 他们就能留下了 |
[25:24] | Read all about it in the Telegram. | 欲知详情 来看《电讯报》 |
[25:27] | The Dodgers can stay if the city will give ’em a yard. | 如果市里给道奇队批个球场 他们就能留下了 |
[25:30] | All these wide-necked apes, | 这些粗脖子的猿人 |
[25:32] | trackin’ mud through my apartment, | 把我的公寓踩得满地是泥 |
[25:34] | asking all kinds of questions | 还问东问西 |
[25:36] | and I told them, “Christ, he’s dead. | 我和他们说 “老天 他已经死了 |
[25:38] | What, are you gonna arrest him?” | 你们是打算逮捕他还是怎么的” |
[25:40] | Fuck you been? Called you all morning. | 你他妈去哪了 给你打了一早上电话 |
[25:42] | What the hell happened here? | 这里发生了什么事 |
[25:44] | Danny had an early run out to Belmont, | 丹尼一大早去了趟贝尔蒙 |
[25:45] | came in, it was like this. | 回来后就这样了 |
[25:47] | Cops were at Frank’s place, too, | 警察也去了弗兰克家 |
[25:48] | – going through everything. – If! | -翻了个底朝天 -要是 |
[25:50] | They were going through my underwear drawer | 他们还翻了我的内衣抽屉 |
[25:51] | and they were grinnin’ at me | 在翻抽屉的时候 |
[25:52] | while they were going through my underwear drawer. | 他们还对我奸笑 |
[25:52] | We’re gonna find out. | 我们要查出来 |
[25:53] | We’re gonna find out who did this, | 我们要查出来这是谁干的 |
[25:54] | get to the bottom of it. Right, boys? | 查个水落石出 对不对 兄弟们 |
[25:55] | I don’t even want to know. | 我一点都不想知道 |
[25:57] | Always with this cryptic shit, | 总是这么神秘兮兮的 |
[25:59] | telling me he’s into something big this time | 还跟我说他这次干了票大的 |
[26:02] | and that he’s gonna change our situation, | 能改善我们家的处境 |
[26:05] | and then he goes and gets whacked, | 然后他就这样被杀了 |
[26:07] | and leaves me $4,000 in a savings and loan, | 只在储贷账户里留给我四千美元 |
[26:11] | and a drafty shithole at Lookout Point, | 还有在卢考特波因特的一间破房子 |
[26:14] | and this thriving operation! | 和这个”生意兴隆”的公司 |
[26:17] | The fuck am I supposed to do with this? | 我他妈该拿这公司怎么办 |
[26:25] | Look, the way I see it, | 听着 在我看来 |
[26:27] | you guys work for me now. | 你们现在都为我打工了 |
[26:30] | I know you all go way back with him, longer than me, | 我知道你们和他都是老交情 比我要久多了 |
[26:33] | but that’s just the way it is for now. | 但目前情况就是这样 |
[26:34] | I know the car service was mainly for the books, | 我知道叫车服务主要是为了做账 |
[26:37] | but we didn’t talk much about how he ran the snoop work. | 但我们没太聊过他是怎么管私家侦探这块的 |
[26:40] | And I ain’t interested. | 我也不感兴趣 |
[26:42] | So, I’m puttin’ Tony in charge. | 所以 我打算让托尼负责 |
[26:45] | He’s gonna run the business of it, | 他来经营这门生意 |
[26:47] | and then he’ll keep me in the loop. Right? | 然后向我汇报 对吧 |
[26:49] | Sure, doll. It’s the right thing. | 当然了 亲爱的 应该如此 |
[26:52] | Sure. | 当然 |
[26:54] | You want me to walk you home? | 要我送你回家吗 |
[26:56] | No, thanks. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[26:57] | I’m gonna go stay with my sister for a little bit. | 我要去和我姐姐住一段时间 |
[27:01] | I have to go figure out my future. | 我得考虑清楚我的未来 |
[27:03] | But give me a call. Okay? | 但记得我打电话 好吗 |
[27:06] | You know, for an update? | 跟我汇报情况 |
[27:12] | – Hey, Julia. – Hey, Lionel. | -茱莉亚 -莱昂内尔 |
[27:14] | Can’t you ever cut that out? | 你能不能省省这个动作 |
[27:16] | Touch it, Bailey! I’m sorry. | 碰它 贝利 对不起 |
[27:18] | For once? | 哪怕一次也行 |
[27:19] | If! | 要是 |
[27:20] | – I’m… – Jesus. | -我… -老天 |
[27:24] | What? | 怎么 |
[27:28] | Fuckin’ assholes even took the tank off the john. | 那群混蛋居然把厕所冲水箱都拿走了 |
[27:34] | All right, forget that, do it later. | 好了 别收拾了 晚点再弄 |
[27:35] | Right now, just the four of us… | 就我们四个人说说 |
[27:37] | Does anybody know what Frank was into on this? | 有谁知道弗兰克到底在查什么吗 |
[27:39] | He just said to meet him for a sit. | 他就说要跟那人见一面 |
[27:41] | He didn’t even make it like it was a big thing. | 表现得不像是件多大的事 |
[27:42] | – He was nervous, though. – Nervous how? | -但他当时很紧张 -怎么个紧张法 |
[27:44] | He wasn’t nervous. | 他才没紧张 |
[27:44] | Were you on that line, dumb shit? | 当时窃听电话的人是你吗 傻子 |
[27:46] | I’m telling you, I heard it, he was nervous. | 我说真的 我听得很清楚 他确实紧张 |
[27:47] | Nervous Nellie! | 紧张的小姑娘 |
[27:49] | It was in his voice. | 从他的声音就能听出来 |
[27:50] | He was trying to make a play on those guys. | 他想敲那些家伙一笔 |
[27:52] | There’s somethin’ goin’ down a week from Thursday that’s big. | 说下周四会有大事披露 |
[27:54] | And they were not happy about what he found. | 他们对他的发现非常不满 |
[27:56] | Obviously. They whacked him for it. | 那还用说 他们都为此把他杀了 |
[27:57] | Crack whacker! | 杀千刀的 |
[27:59] | No, I don’t think they meant to. I think it was a mistake. | 我觉得这不是他们的本意 他们这是失手了 |
[28:01] | When they shot him, I think they fucked up, | 杀掉他反而把事情搞砸了 |
[28:03] | now they’re stuck looking for what he found. | 现在他们根本没法知道他发现了什么 |
[28:05] | Big fuckin’ riddle. Jesus H. | 跟他妈猜谜一样 我的天啊 |
[28:07] | All right, I’m gonna say this. | 这么说吧 |
[28:10] | I loved the guy. | 我爱那家伙 |
[28:13] | And when we were in that fuckin’ hellhole, | 我们在那个鬼地方苦不堪言的时候 |
[28:14] | he saw somethin’ in us, | 是他看中了我们的潜力 |
[28:16] | threw us a line, taught us how to operate, | 向我们伸出援手 教我们如何当侦探 |
[28:17] | but he never cut us in all the way. | 但他从来没有跟我们交心交底 |
[28:19] | And he played his own games. | 而且他总是自顾自的 |
[28:21] | And I’m not stickin’ my nose around his dead cards, | 所以我也不会去四处打探他的死因 |
[28:23] | risk ending up on a slab for it. | 拿自己的命冒险 |
[28:28] | I say we got a lot of bills to pay, | 我们还要操心自己的生计 |
[28:29] | and we ought to just get at it. | 不如好好忙活自己的事 |
[28:31] | You owe him more than that, T. | 你欠他的可不止一点半点 托尼 |
[28:32] | Yeah, well, you figure out what the fuck | 行啊 那你自己去查清楚 |
[28:34] | it was all about, you let us know. | 到底是怎么回事 然后告诉我们 |
[28:36] | All right? Meantime, I gotta finish up on the rabbi’s wife. | 行吗 我还得去调查那个犹太教士的老婆 |
[28:40] | She’s banging a butcher who ain’t kosher | 她在和一个不合犹太教规的屠夫乱搞 |
[28:41] | and I think he’s really gonna give her the boot this time, | 我觉得他这次应该要和他老婆离婚了 |
[28:43] | and that’s gonna be the last of that ride. | 那个活就算是办完了 |
[28:45] | I want Gil sitting on that Gunderson fraud thing. | 我想派吉尔去调查那个冈德森诈骗案 |
[28:48] | – I’m on Gunderson. – Yeah, well, I want Gil on it! | -那是我的活 -没错 但我现在要吉尔接手 |
[28:50] | – Why? – Because | -为什么 -因为 |
[28:52] | when we make that bust, | 等我们抓到他现行了 |
[28:52] | the insurance company’s gonna want us to go down there, | 保险公司会要求我们 |
[28:54] | show the pictures to his lawyer, | 提供照片给他的律师 |
[28:56] | and I wanna make a good impression. | 我想到时候留个好印象 |
[28:57] | Okay? Frank ain’t here to cover for you anymore. | 行吗 弗兰克不在了 没人罩着你了 |
[28:59] | – Fraud fag! – Like I said, | -基佬骗子 -按我说的办 |
[29:00] | Gil’s on it. Danny will back me on nights, | 交给吉尔 丹尼夜班的时候来帮我 |
[29:02] | and, Lionel, you pick up the car slack for him, | 莱昂内尔 你就替他干开车那活 |
[29:04] | just until something new comes in. | 等新活来了再说 |
[29:07] | It’s cold. We’re gonna have a lot of calls, | 天气很冷 我们会接到很多叫车的电话 |
[29:08] | and we need that business. Fuck! | 我们不能丢了这生意 妈的 |
[29:10] | Now, come on, let’s clean up. | 快点 赶紧收拾收拾 |
[29:16] | Tony, and Coney, and Danny, and me… | 托尼 科尼 丹尼 还有我 |
[29:18] | before we were Minna’s men, | 在明纳招我们进门前 |
[29:20] | we were just dead-end kids at the Catholic orphanage. | 我们只是天主教孤儿院里前途渺茫的孩子 |
[29:22] | 弗兰克·明纳 首席调查员 | |
[29:24] | Invest-ahead! | 调查你个头 |
[29:26] | I was worse in there. A total freakshow. | 我那时情况更糟 完全就是个怪胎 |
[29:29] | No one knew what to do with it. | 没人知道该拿我怎么办 |
[29:32] | L&L. | L&L中介 |
[29:34] | Yeah, we have cars available. Where would you like to go? | 是的 我们有车 您想去哪里 |
[29:37] | The nuns thought they were gonna beat it out of me. | 修女们认为毒打就能让我变好 |
[29:39] | One of ’em in particular. | 其中有一个尤其如此 |
[29:40] | Till Tony grabbed the paddle from her | 直到托尼夺走她手中的戒尺 |
[29:42] | and said if she hit me again, | 对她说 如果她再打我 |
[29:43] | he was gonna give it to her twice as hard. | 他必将双倍奉还 |
[29:45] | Coney and Danny were standing behind him when he said it | 他说的时候 科尼和丹尼就站在他身后 |
[29:47] | and she knew they weren’t bluffin’. | 她明白他们没在吓唬人 |
[29:49] | After that, I was in their crew. | 那之后 我们就成了一伙人 |
[29:57] | If! | 要是 |
[30:05] | 黑人女孩 委员会 霍洛维茨 报告 哈密尔顿 签名 老兵父亲 哈林的酒吧 下周四 | |
[30:12] | – L&L. – Who am I speaking to? | -L&L中介 -你是谁 |
[30:14] | Ass-rog! | 混蛋罗格 |
[30:16] | This is Lionel Essrog. I’m associate invest… | 我是莱昂内尔·艾斯罗格 我是助理调… |
[30:19] | Hello? | 喂 |
[30:29] | Formosa. | 福尔摩沙 |
[30:32] | Formosa. | 福尔摩沙 |
[30:34] | 福尔摩沙 福尔摩 沙 福木 欧沙 福尔 摩沙 福 尔摩沙 | |
[30:35] | Frank was just from the neighborhood. | 弗兰克是本地人 |
[30:37] | He was smart. | 他很聪明 |
[30:38] | Everybody knew he was goin’ places. | 大家都知道他一定会大有作为 |
[30:40] | Everybody liked him. | 大家都很喜欢他 |
[30:41] | For my ass, Bailey! | 福尔你妈的摩沙 贝利 |
[30:44] | He was friends with one of the priests, | 他跟孤儿院的一位神父是朋友 |
[30:45] | and he heard I had a thing for remembering. | 他听说我的记忆力超群 |
[30:48] | Numbers and words and things, | 数字 单词 事物都过目不忘 |
[30:49] | and he had uses for that. | 他能让我派上用场 |
[30:52] | He was the one that taught me how to use my head, | 是他教会我如何使用的我头脑 |
[30:55] | get it under control, make it work for me. | 控制好它 让它为我所用 |
[30:59] | He took all of us under his wing, eventually. | 最终 他把我们都招至门下 |
[31:01] | Gave us a place in this shitty world. | 在这个卑劣的世界给了我们归属 |
[31:22] | – Lionel? – If! | -莱昂纳尔 -要是 |
[31:23] | Oh, Jesus Christ! | 我的妈呀 |
[31:25] | You scared the hell out of me. | 你吓死我了 |
[31:26] | I thought I was lookin’ at a ghost. | 我还以为我碰见鬼了 |
[31:27] | – What are you doin’? – Spinnin’. | -你在干吗 -瞎想 |
[31:30] | – You back already? – Nah, I’m on a round trip. | -你这么快就回来了 -不是 我得跑个来回 |
[31:32] | I gotta go back soon. | 马上就要回去 |
[31:34] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[31:36] | I should have never let him get in that car. | 我根本就不应该让他上那辆车 |
[31:39] | I think I blew it, Danny. | 是我搞砸了 丹尼 |
[31:40] | I had a sergeant once in the Bulge. Told me, | 我接过一位参加了突出部战役的中士 他告诉我 |
[31:43] | “Sometimes you do everything you’re supposed to, | “有时候你把你该做的事都做了 |
[31:45] | and it all still goes to shit.” Hmm? | 结果却还是一团糟” |
[31:49] | It ain’t on you, bud. | 这不怪你 兄弟 |
[31:50] | Thanks, D. | 谢了 小丹 |
[31:52] | Any calls? | 有人打电话叫车吗 |
[31:54] | Yeah. Oh, shit! | 有的 糟了 |
[31:57] | I gotta go. | 我得走了 |
[31:58] | 2:30. | 已经两点半了 |
[32:03] | Did you ever hear Frank mention anything about “Formosa”? | 你有没有听到弗兰克提过关于”福尔摩沙”的事 |
[32:05] | Like the Jap island? | 你是说日本占的那个岛吗 |
[32:06] | Nah. He was wounded and out before then. | 没有 他在那之前就因伤回国了 |
[32:10] | There is that joint, Formosa, in, uh, Midtown. | 不过中城有个叫福尔摩沙的酒吧 |
[32:14] | I took Linda there to see Chet Baker once. | 我带琳达去那里看过一次查特·贝克的表演 |
[32:19] | Frank didn’t have to cover for me. | 弗兰克不用罩着我 |
[32:19] | 福尔摩沙酒吧 | |
[32:19] | 《愤怒的回顾》 全新舞台剧 约翰·奥斯本创作 | |
[32:21] | He just never put me into situations | 他只是从来都不会把我置于 |
[32:23] | that were gonna punch my buttons. | 会让我失控的情境 |
[32:25] | Talkin’ to people, gettin’ information out of ’em, | 与人聊天 套取信息 |
[32:27] | that’s the bread and butter of the trade, | 是这行的谋生之道 |
[32:29] | but never my strong suit. | 但都不是我的强项 |
[32:31] | Especially if a girl shows up in the mix | 尤其是再卷入个女孩 |
[32:33] | and, in this line of work, they usually do. | 而在这一行里 这种情况经常出现 |
[32:36] | Music’s at 7:00. | 音乐表演七点开始 |
[32:37] | Yeah, could I get an early one? Whiskey, neat? | 能先给我来一杯吗 威士忌 不加冰 |
[32:40] | – Irish? – Sure. | -爱尔兰的行吗 -行 |
[32:42] | Say, are you in here regular? | 你是这儿的长期员工吗 |
[32:44] | Most of my life. | 在这里工作大半辈子了 |
[32:46] | You ever seen this guy come in? | 你有没有看到这个家伙来过 |
[32:48] | Name’s Frank Minna. | 他叫弗兰克·明纳 |
[32:50] | Seen him around? | 见过他吗 |
[32:51] | Everybody looks like everybody to me, | 客人看起来都一个样 |
[32:52] | but I don’t think so. | 不过我没见过他 |
[32:55] | She’s good with faces. | 她很会认人 |
[32:58] | Seen that guy? | 见过这家伙吗 |
[32:59] | – Friend of yours? – Yeah. | -你朋友吗 -是的 |
[33:02] | – Nice face. – If! | -很帅 -要是 |
[33:06] | Nice yourself. | 你也很美 |
[33:08] | You got a light? | 你有火吗 |
[33:17] | A tease. | 逗我啊 |
[33:22] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[33:27] | Jesus. Forget I asked. | 我去 当我没问 |
[33:30] | – Ass-talk, Bailey! – Classy! | -你问个屁 贝利 -真文雅 |
[33:34] | You got somethin’ against blondes? | 你是对金发美女有什么不满吗 |
[33:36] | It’s gotta sound right or I can’t stop doing it. | 如果听起来不顺耳我就没法不犯浑 |
[33:40] | Must be inconvenient. | 那还真是挺惨的 |
[33:42] | Buddy, you don’t know the half of it. | 兄弟 你可不知道有多难 |
[33:45] | That uptown shit’s the real deal, huh? | 上城的那一家没得说吧 |
[33:47] | You get up there much? | 你经常去吗 |
[33:49] | – Sorry? – King Rooster. | -你说什么 -金鸡之王 |
[33:51] | 金鸡之王 | |
[33:51] | – I don’t know it. – Jazz joint in Harlem. | -我不知道这地方 -哈林的一家爵士酒吧 |
[33:53] | Lucky’s is a good time, too, | 好运家也不错 |
[33:54] | but all the guys playing hard are at the Rooster. | 不过在金鸡之王表演的都是牛人 |
[33:56] | B. A. | 两点半 |
[33:59] | Thanks a lot. | 多谢了 |
[34:09] | 金鸡之王 | |
[34:19] | We ain’t open yet. | 我们还没开门呢 |
[34:21] | Yeah, could I get an early one? I’m freezin’. | 能不能先给我来一杯 我冻死了 |
[34:25] | I’ll take a whiskey, neat. Keep it. | 来一杯威士忌 不加冰 不用找 |
[34:29] | Hey, you the manager? | 你是经理吗 |
[34:31] | I look like the manager? | 我看起来像经理吗 |
[34:34] | Who’s playin’ tonight? | 今晚是谁演出 |
[34:35] | Hey, Billy, who’s on tonight? | 比利 今晚是谁啊 |
[34:38] | Mr. Bigshot. | 那位大人物呗 |
[34:39] | I hope they don’t think they drinkin’ free. | 希望那些人别喝起来跟不要钱似的 |
[34:41] | Well, you know they do. | 他们肯定会喝个没完 |
[34:42] | You know who’s gonna say somethin’ about that. | 那某人就要有话说了 |
[34:45] | You caught this cat? | 你看过他表演吗 |
[34:47] | I seen cool. | 我见过牛气人物 |
[34:48] | This brother rewritin’ cool. | 这位老兄完全改写了”牛气”的定义 |
[34:50] | – I’ll catch him next time. – Don’t wait long. | -我下次再看 -别等太久 |
[34:53] | These French girls keep lovin’ him up, | 那些法国妞都超爱他 |
[34:55] | he’s gonna move over there for good. | 他总有一天要搬去法国定居 |
[34:56] | French kissin’ cats! | 搞法国妞的家伙 |
[34:58] | Thanks, pal. | 谢了 伙计 |
[35:07] | On my average day, | 通常来说 |
[35:08] | the weed will handle my twitching and shouting, | 大麻都能缓解我的抽搐和吼叫 |
[35:10] | let me get to sleep. | 让我能安然入睡 |
[35:12] | But it makes my thinking fuzzy. | 但也会让我思绪模糊 |
[35:16] | In my dreams, I’m calm and clear like I was when I was a kid. | 在梦里 我变回儿时那样平静而清晰 |
[35:21] | Even after my head started messin’ with me, | 即便我的脑子开始跟我捣乱 |
[35:23] | my mother could settle it down. | 我母亲也能平复我的不安 |
[35:25] | She’d sing soft songs, | 她会给我唱温柔的歌曲 |
[35:27] | stroke the back of my neck, | 轻抚我的后颈 |
[35:28] | and it would leave me for a while. | 然后我就能平静好一会 |
[35:31] | We’d lie on the bed, | 我们一起躺在床上 |
[35:32] | talk about all the places we were gonna go. | 谈论我们要去的那些地方 |
[35:54] | That “colored broad” is | 那个”黑人婆娘” |
[35:55] | doing most of the legwork on Hamilton for ’em. | 是给他们的哈密尔顿项目跑腿的 |
[35:57] | 拯救友邻 拯救格林堡 参加公众听证会声援哈密尔顿住房计划 由住房种族歧视委员会发起 周四晚七点于市政厅 | |
[36:01] | Christ, Coney, did you get the shot or not? | 天啊 科尼 你到底拍没拍到 |
[36:04] | What? Doing what? | 什么 在干什么 |
[36:06] | Gettin’ the… Gettin’ the paper ain’t worth shit. | 取报纸有个屁用 |
[36:08] | The fuck’s got to do with his back? | 那跟他后背有什么关系 |
[36:10] | “Bendin’ over,” my ass. | 还”弯腰” |
[36:12] | Look, I need him liftin’ the lawnmower out of the car | 我要看到他把剪草机从车上搬下来 |
[36:14] | or playin’ tennis, | 或者打网球 |
[36:15] | or spinnin’ around the room with some broad | 或者是张开双臂 |
[36:17] | up on his tent pole and his arms out wide. | 用一柱擎天举着婆娘满屋子转圈圈 |
[36:19] | I don’t give a shit as long as it involves his back. | 只要能拍到他后背没受伤 干什么我都不管 |
[36:23] | Yeah. | 对 |
[36:24] | I know he’s fakin’ it, Gil. | 我知道他是装的 吉尔 |
[36:25] | That’s why he’s won three claims. | 所以他才赢下了三个索赔 |
[36:27] | Look, just wait him out or set him up. | 等他出来 或者给他下套 |
[36:30] | I know it’s cold. That’s why they call it winter! | 我知道天很冷 所以才叫冬天 |
[36:33] | Fuck. | 该死 |
[36:35] | I’m givin’ him till the end of the week. | 我最多给他宽限到周末 |
[36:37] | Hell, the guy could lift a cow into a truck… | 那家伙能把奶牛抬到卡车上 |
[36:39] | Coney’s still gonna miss the shot. | 科尼还是会错失良机的 |
[36:41] | He still can’t remember to wind the film. | 他老是忘记倒胶卷 |
[36:43] | He thinks it’s a Tommy gun. | 他当那是冲锋枪呢 |
[36:44] | I keep tellin’ him, “Click, advance. Click, advance.” | 我一直提醒他”先拨一下 先拨一下” |
[36:47] | Can it! I’m givin’ him the rest of the week. | 行了 我给他宽限到周末 |
[36:50] | Give me a fuckin’ break, Gil. What? | 能不能让我歇会 吉尔 又怎么了 |
[36:53] | Oh. Yeah, no, excuse me. L&L. | 是的 抱歉 L&L中介 |
[36:55] | – We gettin’ any rides? – No. | -我们有用车订单吗 -没有 |
[36:57] | Nobody ever needs a ride on Tuesday, you ever notice that? | 周二没人用车 你注意过吗 |
[37:00] | Never. What is that about? | 从来没有 那是为什么 |
[37:02] | Tits on a Tuesday! | 周二找奶子 |
[37:03] | Okay, thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[37:05] | Job? | 有活吗 |
[37:06] | For me. | 找我的 |
[37:07] | Well, don’t go gettin’ all mysterious now, T. | 别神神秘秘的 小托 |
[37:09] | You ain’t no Minna. | 你又不是明纳 |
[37:11] | Yet. | 暂时不是 |
[37:13] | I’m going to pick up a prescription for my mother, clam brain. | 我要去给我妈取处方药 傻子 |
[37:15] | You want all the details? | 你要知道具体细节吗 |
[37:17] | All right. | 好吧 |
[37:18] | I’m goin’ out for coffee. You want? | 我要出去买咖啡 你要吗 |
[37:20] | Yeah, cream and sugar. | 要 加奶油和糖 |
[37:23] | Okay. | 好的 |
[37:25] | Meet the new boss. | 见过新领导 |
[37:28] | Hey, D, if it’s slow, you up for something? | 小丹 他要是回得晚 你有没有别的计划 |
[37:30] | Like what? | 比如 |
[37:33] | Will you go sit on that place for me? It’s up in Harlem. | 你能替我去那坐坐吗 在哈林那边 |
[37:37] | I don’t know it. | 我没去过 |
[37:37] | I think Frank was there that day, | 我觉得弗兰克那天去了那里 |
[37:39] | or maybe the day before, | 或者是前一天去了 |
[37:40] | but it was in his pants, it was almost full. | 火柴就在他的裤口袋里 几乎没怎么用 |
[37:42] | – Fullsie pants! – Yeah, well, | -长裤 -好吧 |
[37:43] | maybe he just stopped in | 不过也有可能他就是进去 |
[37:45] | – for a book of matches. – I don’t think so. | -拿了盒火柴 -我不这么认为 |
[37:46] | He was talkin’ about the colored girl | 他当时说有一个黑人姑娘 |
[37:48] | who found somethin’ they were unhappy about, | 发现了一些让他们很不满的事 |
[37:49] | and he said her father’s a busted-up vet | 还说她父亲是个落魄老兵 |
[37:51] | who runs a joint in Harlem, | 在哈林开了一家酒吧 |
[37:52] | and this place is three blocks | 这里离他们碰头的地方 |
[37:53] | from where they had that meeting. | 只隔了三个街区 |
[37:55] | 香烟 杂志 公用电话 | |
[37:56] | So, you went there? | 你去过那里了 |
[37:58] | Yeah, and guess who the manager is? | 是的 你猜经理是谁 |
[37:59] | He’s a colored guy with a bum arm. | 是个一只胳膊残废的黑人 |
[38:01] | Oh, okay, what do you want me to do about it? | 好吧 你想让我干什么 |
[38:03] | Just get in there, you know, | 就进去坐坐 |
[38:05] | see if you can get her name off of them or something. | 看看能不能问出她的名字之类的 |
[38:07] | Use your liquor board bit. Lick Broader! | 就用你是酒类管理局的那一套 就舔婆娘 |
[38:10] | I get her name. | 问到她的名字 |
[38:11] | – That’s it? – No, sit there a while. | -就这样 -不 在那坐一会 |
[38:12] | See if she comes in. Get her picture or somethin’. | 看看她会不会来 拍张她的照片之类的 |
[38:14] | See if a colored girl walks into a jazz joint? | 看是不是有个黑人姑娘进了一家爵士酒吧 |
[38:17] | Let me make a prediction. | 我来预测一下这个几率 |
[38:18] | Hey, asshole, I’m workin’ it from another angle, too. | 混蛋 我也在从另一个角度查 |
[38:20] | We’ll put ’em together. We’ll figure out who she is. | 我们要比对线索 找出她是谁 |
[38:23] | All right. Can I ask why we’re doin’ this? | 好的 我能问为什么要这么做吗 |
[38:25] | ‘Cause he’d have done it for us. | 因为他也会为我们这么做 |
[38:27] | You’re right. | 说得对 |
[38:31] | Ah, it’s fuckin’ cold for a sit. | 出去一会儿实在是太冷了 |
[38:33] | No, take the Bel Air. | 不 开贝尔艾尔轿车去 |
[38:33] | That heater’ll roast you like a brisket. | 暖风能把你烤成牛腩 |
[38:35] | Bet on the bris! | 把注押给牛牛 |
[38:36] | What are you, a rabbi now? | 怎么 你现在是犹太教士了 |
[38:38] | You don’t want me handling your bris, believe me. | 你可不想让我给你行割礼 相信我 |
[38:58] | Can I help you? | 有什么事吗 |
[38:59] | – Yeah. If! – Bless you. | -是的 要是 -一百岁 |
[39:01] | Thank you. I’m here to see Mildred. | 谢谢 我找米尔德里德 |
[39:02] | Mildred? There’s nobody by that name here. | 米尔德里德 这里没这个人 |
[39:05] | I’m pretty sure it was Mildred. | 我确定是叫米尔德里德 |
[39:06] | – Myrna. – My mynah bird’s Myrna. | -莫娜 -我养的八哥叫莫娜 |
[39:08] | No. No, it was a colored girl that I was speaking to. | 不 不 跟我说话的是个黑人姑娘 |
[39:12] | Josephine? | 约瑟芬 |
[39:14] | Or Laura? | 或者劳拉 |
[39:16] | Mary. | 玛丽 |
[39:16] | No, I’m pretty sure it was Mildred. | 不 我很肯定是米尔德里德 |
[39:18] | I was talking to her on the phone about my application. | 我在电话里跟她说了我的申请表的事 |
[39:20] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么名字 |
[39:21] | Betty. What sort of application? | 贝蒂 什么申请表 |
[39:23] | For my vendor’s license. | 小餐饮经营许可 |
[39:25] | Is this not the licensing office? | 这不是许可证办公室吗 |
[39:27] | It’s the Committee on Racial Discrimination in Housing. | 是住房种族歧视委员会 |
[39:30] | Well, then, you can’t very well | 那么看来你也不太能 |
[39:31] | help me sell hot dogs, can you? | 帮我卖热狗了 对吧 |
[39:33] | I’m so sorry. | 对不起 |
[39:35] | 参加公众听证会声援哈密尔顿住房计划 | |
[39:35] | Wait. Mr. Horowitz isn’t here today, is he? | 等等 霍洛维茨先生今天不在吧 |
[39:37] | – You mean Miss Horowitz? – Either one. | -你是说霍洛维茨女士吧 -都行 |
[39:39] | – She’s in the back. – Can you point her out to me? | -她在后面 -你能给我指一下吗 |
[39:43] | There she is. | 那就是她 |
[39:49] | You’ve been more helpful than you know. | 你真是帮了大忙 |
[40:02] | We told you to dig in on Horowitz. | 我们是让你去挖霍洛维茨的料 |
[40:03] | Horse a whip! | 嚯嚯骑马 |
[40:05] | Horse a whip! | 嚯嚯骑马 |
[40:47] | Shit, what happened? | 操 怎么了 |
[40:49] | Jesus, Danny. | 天啊 丹尼 |
[40:50] | Come on. All right. | 来 没事 |
[40:51] | Come. | 来 |
[40:55] | Shit. You need ice? | 见鬼 你需要冰块吗 |
[40:57] | No, no. I’ll take a shot. You got one of those? | 不用 我喝一口就行 你们有吗 |
[40:59] | Yeah. | 有 |
[41:03] | – Yeah, thanks. – Who was it, D? | -好 谢谢 -谁干的 小丹 |
[41:08] | There was a couple of ’em. | 好几个人 |
[41:10] | One was a giant. | 有一个块头特别大 |
[41:11] | – A what? – A fuckin’ giant. | -一个什么 -一个死大个 |
[41:13] | I’m tellin’ ya, the biggest guy I ever saw. | 不开玩笑 那是我见过块头最大的家伙 |
[41:15] | Worked me over pretty good. | 狠揍了我一顿 |
[41:17] | Murdered the camera. | 把相机也给毁了 |
[41:18] | – Fuck. Did they say anything? – Yeah. | -该死 他们说什么了吗 -说了 |
[41:21] | “Stay out of Minna’s garbage. | “别管明纳的破事 |
[41:22] | Tell your crew the same.” | 转告你的同伙” |
[41:24] | They had a big nasty knife to my throat for that part. | 说这话的时候他们还用一把尖刀抵着我的喉咙 |
[41:27] | Those sons of bitches! | 这帮王八蛋 |
[41:28] | But they didn’t get this. | 但是他们没带走这个 |
[41:32] | – Assholes. – The fuck is it? | -混蛋 -这是什么 |
[41:33] | Giant-ass dog! Ah, D, you’re the tits. | 大块屁股狗 小丹 你最厉害了 |
[41:37] | What are you two into? | 你们两个在搞什么 |
[41:49] | – You get ’em all? – These are yours, | -都冲洗好了 -这些是你拍的 |
[41:51] | – these are mine. – Yeah. | -这些是我拍的 -好 |
[41:55] | – That’s the same guy I saw. – Yeah, yeah. | -我也见过这个人 -对 对 |
[41:57] | – The bum arm. – Forget all that, though. | -那个胳膊废了的 -先别管这个 |
[41:59] | She doesn’t show up till sort of the end of the roll. | 她到胶卷快用完的时候才出现 |
[42:01] | Yeah. | 好 |
[42:03] | – Look, they come out together. – Yeah. | -看 他们一起出来的 -好 |
[42:05] | No, wait, but I saw her. That’s, uh… | 不 等等 我见过她 那是… |
[42:06] | – Laura, they called her Laura. – Laura Rose? | -劳拉 他们叫她劳拉 -劳拉·罗丝 |
[42:09] | Maybe that’s Billy Rose, if he’s her father. | 如果他是她爸 可能就是比利·罗丝 |
[42:11] | She lives on the same corner as the club. | 她住的地方和酒吧在同一个街角 |
[42:13] | They must have made me early, | 他们肯定早就识破我了 |
[42:14] | as soon as I got out to check it out, | 我刚走出来想看个究竟的时候 |
[42:16] | bam, they were on me. | 他们就把我放倒了 |
[42:17] | Yeah. That’s her. | 对 就是她 |
[42:19] | That’s the colored girl that Frank was following. | 这就是弗兰克一直追查的黑人姑娘 |
[42:21] | All right, I’m with you, okay? It’s just, | 好的 我支持你 只是 |
[42:23] | – it’s still a little thin. – Skeletal. | -还有点证据不足 -太薄弱 |
[42:25] | Thin? What? | 不足 什么 |
[42:26] | We already ID’d her. We’ve been at it one day. | 我们都查出她的身份了 都调查一整天了 |
[42:28] | Well, you know, whatever it is, it’s… | 不管是什么情况 |
[42:31] | It’s gotta be big, they’re goin’ this far, right? | 他们都到这一步了 肯定是件大事 |
[42:34] | So, it’s gotta be worth something, then. | 所以绝对值不少钱 |
[42:38] | I’ll tell you what, Freakshow, Gil and I, | 这样吧 怪胎 我和吉尔 |
[42:40] | we’ll stay on the money work, just to keep us afloat, | 我们继续赚钱 让公司正常周转 |
[42:42] | you and Danny keep sniffin’ this. | 你和丹尼继续深挖 |
[42:43] | Let’s see what we get. | 看看能查到什么 |
[42:44] | – Fuck ’em! – Yeah. | -搞死他们 -对 |
[42:45] | – Right? – Yeah. | -行吗 -行 |
[42:46] | – If! – I hope these mugs poke around | -要是 -我倒是希望这帮混蛋到处打探 |
[42:48] | ’cause I got something for them if they do. | 因为要是这样的话我可等着呢 |
[42:50] | What do you say, D? | 你觉得怎么样 小丹 |
[42:52] | Fellas, I… | 哥几个 |
[42:54] | I loved him, you know. | 我爱他 你们知道的 |
[42:56] | I mean, I’ll, uh… | 但是 我… |
[42:58] | I, uh… I’ll handle the car stuff. | 我还是负责开车吧 |
[43:00] | I’ll work some domestic shit, | 做一些文职工作 |
[43:03] | but I got Linda. | 我还有琳达 |
[43:05] | No, hey, hey, that’s the right thing. | 不 没什么 你这么做没错 |
[43:08] | Get on home, | 回家吧 |
[43:09] | – throw a steak on that eye. – Yeah. | -敷敷眼睛 -对 |
[43:12] | I’ll give you a lift. | 我送你 |
[43:16] | – So long. – Yeah, yeah. | -再见 -再见 |
[43:22] | What do you mean, it might be worth something? | 你说可能值不少钱 是什么意思 |
[43:24] | I don’t know, I thought maybe we’ll get something out of it. | 不知道 我觉得我们也许能赚点东西 |
[43:26] | I ain’t looking to make a deal with these fucks. | 我才不会跟这帮混蛋做交易呢 |
[43:28] | Forget that, then. Look, I’m just… | 那当我没说 我只是… |
[43:29] | Don’t you think I wanna find out who whacked Frank? | 你以为我不想查出来是谁杀害了弗兰克吗 |
[43:32] | – Yeah. – Just don’t hold out on me, okay? | -嗯 -别瞒着我就行 好吗 |
[43:34] | We’re workin’ on this thing together. | 我们一起解决这件事 |
[43:36] | We find who did this, and we square accounts. | 找出是谁干的 然后就两清 |
[43:39] | If you say so, yeah. | 你都这么说了 好吧 |
[43:42] | Wanna get a beer? | 一起喝杯啤酒吗 |
[43:43] | – Nah. – Come on. | -不了 -走嘛 |
[43:45] | Come on. Let’s get a beer. | 来吧 我们去喝杯啤酒 |
[43:47] | Come on, let’s get a beer. | 走嘛 我们去喝杯啤酒 |
[43:47] | Okay, leave me alone, leave me alone. | 别烦我 别烦我 |
[43:49] | All right. | 那好吧 |
[43:51] | Don’t stay up too late, kemosabe. | 别加班到太晚 侦察兵 |
[44:17] | 金鸡之王 | |
[44:22] | 地铁 独立地铁系统 | |
[44:45] | Give up the seat, asshole! | 让座啊 混球 |
[44:48] | Give her the seat! | 快给她让座 |
[45:36] | 危楼 贝尔蒙地产所有 此楼已被认定不适合人类居住 任何居住于此的行为均属违法 未经允许移除此告示者将被起诉 | |
[46:16] | Hey, Gabby, they’re closed. | 盖比 他们关门了 |
[46:17] | Oh, you gotta be kidding me! | 你跟我开玩笑吧 |
[46:18] | – Yes… – At 3:30? | -是真的 -这才三点半 |
[46:28] | 英伍德物业 给你幸福之家是我们的职责 工作时间 周一至周五 九点至五点 | |
[47:03] | Hey, pal, I’m new to this beat. | 哥们 我刚来跑这条新闻 |
[47:04] | What’s the story here? | 这是什么情况 |
[47:05] | Stories of injustice and despair, | 报道一些不公正与绝望 |
[47:08] | nodding assurances, | 只有口头保证 |
[47:09] | and back to business as usual. The American way. | 然后一切照旧 经典的美国主义 |
[47:13] | Though this one could make things interesting. | 不过她能把事情变得有意思些 |
[47:15] | Hey, who’s the, uh, guy on the far right? | 坐在最右边的那个人是谁 |
[47:18] | It’s Brooklyn borough president. | 布鲁克林区长 |
[47:20] | What are you, a television reporter? | 怎么 你是电视台记者吗 |
[47:21] | No, just new. | 不是 就是个新来的 |
[47:22] | We’ll commence this public comment. | 公众意见征集现在开始 |
[47:24] | State your name, address, and affiliation, please. | 请说出你的姓名 住址和从属组织 |
[47:26] | I’m William Lieberman, | 我是威廉·利伯曼 |
[47:27] | Mayor’s Commission on Slum Clearance. | 贫民区清理市长委员会 |
[47:29] | We’ll arrange an appropriate resolution for you. | 我们会妥善解决你的需求 |
[47:32] | – Resident of East 65th Street, Manhattan. – Lieberman. | -曼哈顿东65街的住户 -利伯曼 |
[47:37] | Cindy Fleming, homemaker, Yonkers. | 辛迪·弗莱明 家庭主妇 现居杨克斯 |
[47:40] | Formerly East Tremont. | 以前是东特莱蒙特居民 |
[47:42] | My family was forced to move when they seized our building | 市里为了修布朗克斯高速公路强占我们的住宅 |
[47:44] | for the Bronx Expressway | 我们一家被迫搬迁 |
[47:46] | – and I want people to know that… – Mrs. Horowitz. | -我想让大家知道… -霍洛维茨夫人 |
[47:48] | Miss. | 是女士 |
[47:49] | Miss Horowitz, you may not hijack these proceedings | 霍洛维茨女士 请不要操纵会议流程 |
[47:51] | – to air out old complaints… – Gabby Horowitz, | -只为重申以前的投诉 -盖比·霍洛维茨 |
[47:53] | Committee for Racial Discrimination in Housing, | 住房种族歧视委员会 |
[47:55] | 552 Clinton Avenue, Brooklyn. | 布鲁克林 克林顿大道552号 |
[47:57] | I thought that this was a community hearing? | 这难道不是社区听证会吗 |
[47:58] | On housing, not highways. | 讨论住宅 而不是高速公路 |
[47:59] | You’re making the same promises to Fort Greene | 你在格林堡许下的承诺 |
[48:02] | you made in East Tremont, | 和在东特莱蒙特许下的如出一辙 |
[48:04] | where your so-called “relocation services” | 你打包票的所谓”搬迁服务” |
[48:06] | vanished into thin air | 就这么消失得无影无踪 |
[48:08] | and left families like the Flemings utterly adrift. | 害得像弗莱明这样的家庭居无定所 |
[48:11] | People have a right to know what they’re in for. | 人们有权知道自己身处何种困境 |
[48:12] | We are totally committed to the welfare of families | 我们完全致力于改善因必要的社区改善计划 |
[48:15] | displaced by necessary community improvement programs | 而流离失所的每个家庭的福祉 |
[48:19] | and the past has been instructive, miss, | 而且过去的实践也颇具启发意义 女士 |
[48:22] | but our new contractors | 但我们的新承包商 |
[48:24] | will ensure all find adequate homes… | 会确保找到足够的房屋给… |
[48:26] | This isn’t Long Island, you know. | 这里不是长岛 你知道吗 |
[48:28] | It’s not just a blank canvas | 不是一张空白的画卷 |
[48:30] | you can paint on anywhere you like. | 任凭你喜好随意在上面涂画 |
[48:31] | There are people here, established communities. | 这里有人安居 是已经建成的社区 |
[48:35] | Bill, if I may… | 比尔 我来说两句 |
[48:37] | I hope you all know my name. I’m the mayor, | 希望大家都知道我的名字了 我是市长 |
[48:39] | 刚住进格雷西大厦[市长官邸]newly residing in Gracie Mansion. | |
[48:42] | Miss Horowitz, | 霍洛维茨女士 |
[48:43] | thank you for your work and your passion. | 谢谢你的辛勤工作和满腔热忱 |
[48:45] | Surely we can all agree that | 显而易见 我们都赞同 |
[48:46] | even in a city as great as ours we have slums, | 即使像我们这样伟大的城市也会有贫民区 |
[48:49] | and that slums are not to be romanticized or preserved. | 而且贫民区不能被浪漫化或保留 |
[48:52] | You tear them down | 你只能拆毁它们 |
[48:53] | and improve quality of life for everyone… | 并提高所有人的生活质量 |
[48:54] | A neighborhood is not a slum | 穷人和少数族裔住的街区 |
[48:57] | because poor people and minorities live there, Mr. Mayor. | 不见得就是贫民区 市长先生 |
[49:01] | East Tremont wasn’t a slum, | 东特莱蒙特不是贫民区 |
[49:03] | Third Avenue wasn’t a slum, | 第三大道不是贫民区 |
[49:05] | and Fort Greene isn’t a slum, either. | 格林堡也不是贫民区 |
[49:08] | These are working-class communities. | 这些都是工薪阶层的社区 |
[49:10] | Your developers are making them slums, | 是你的地产商把这些地方变成了贫民区 |
[49:12] | Mr. Randolph! | 伦道夫先生 |
[49:13] | That is unsubstantiated and unmitigated bunk! | 这是没有证据且彻头彻尾的瞎话 |
[49:16] | We have got it on paper. | 我们有白纸黑字记载着呢 |
[49:18] | We got 20 people here tonight | 今晚来了的就有二十个人 |
[49:19] | and scores behind them | 还有他们身后的数百人 |
[49:20] | who can testify to a scandalous fraud underway. | 能证明有可耻的欺诈行为正在发生 |
[49:23] | Which way do you want it first? | 你想先听哪个 |
[49:29] | We are embarking | 我们正在进行 |
[49:29] | on the most ambitious slum clearance program | 美国历史上最为雄心勃勃的 |
[49:31] | in American history, Mrs. Horowitz, | 贫民区清除项目 霍洛维茨女士 |
[49:33] | and you are gumming it up with your molasses! | 而你却用甜言蜜语在从中作梗 |
[49:36] | A Niagara of molasses! | 一瀑布的甜言蜜语 |
[49:38] | Make him say his name! | 让他说自己的名字 |
[49:40] | Name and place of residence like everyone else! | 说出名字 住所 和其他人一样 |
[49:43] | Now, see here, we all know perfectly well who this is. | 各位 我们都很清楚这位是谁 |
[49:46] | Mo Randolph is one of our greatest public servants. | 摩·伦道夫是最伟大的公职人员之一 |
[49:48] | He’s a living legend. | 他是在世传奇 |
[49:48] | Name and residence, like everybody else! | 说出名字 住所 和其他人一样 |
[49:51] | Shiver shitty self! | 只知道发抖的垃圾 |
[49:52] | He’s led the Parks Department for over 30 years. | 三十多年来他一直是公园管理局的负责人 |
[49:55] | He’s Commissioner of Construction. | 他是建筑局局长 |
[49:56] | He’s got too many jobs to name. | 他还有很多可圈可点的政绩 |
[49:58] | And he lives right across the street from me on 88th. | 他就住在88号街上 在我家对面 |
[50:00] | Make him say it! | 让他自己说 |
[50:01] | So, let’s stick to the issues concerning the citizens of… | 我们还是回到有关市民福祉的议题上 |
[50:03] | Name, address! | 姓名 地址 |
[50:05] | – See here now, if we can’t keep this civil… – Say it! | -各位 如果我们无法保持会场文明 -说 |
[50:07] | we’ll have to ask you to leave! | 我们就只能让你们离场了 |
[50:10] | Say it! | 说 |
[50:17] | Two fuckin’ pigs in a blanket! | 两只毛毯里的蠢猪 |
[50:20] | Hey! Say it, Hammy House Head! | 说啊 装腔作势的住房领导 |
[50:23] | Say it! Say it! Say it! | 说啊 说啊 说啊 |
[50:32] | I got a condition. Easy! | 我得了一种病 慢点 |
[50:35] | “Hammy Ham House Head”? | “装腔作势的住房领导” |
[50:37] | That’s good. I gotta remember that one. | 真不错 我得记住这词 |
[50:38] | – If! – Yeah, well, | -要是 -可不是吗 |
[50:39] | that’s the rub in life, all right, | 人生难就难在这里 |
[50:41] | if. If only. | 要是能那样就好了 |
[50:44] | You know things about that guy, Bill Lieberman? | 你知道那家伙的情况吗 比尔·利伯曼 |
[50:46] | Is he in charge of this whole housing deal? | 是他在负责整个住宅项目吗 |
[50:47] | Charge? No, he’s not in charge. | 负责 不 他才不负责 |
[50:48] | More in charge than that guy calling himself the mayor, | 他的权力比那个自称市长的人还要大 |
[50:51] | but they all work for Moses. | 不过他们都为摩西工作 |
[50:56] | Hey, hey, stop, stop, wait a second. | 停 停下 等等 |
[50:57] | – Let me go. You nuts? – You just said Formosa. | -放手 你疯了啊 -你刚说福尔摩沙 |
[50:59] | – What is that? – What’s Formosa? | -什么玩意 -什么是”为摩沙” |
[51:00] | You said, “Working Formosa.” What does that mean? | 你说 “为摩沙工作” 那是什么意思 |
[51:02] | No, Jesus, I said, “They’re all working for Moses.” | 不 天哪 我是说”他们都为摩西工作” |
[51:05] | Moses Randolph. | 摩西·伦道夫 |
[51:08] | Mo Randolph? The guy who walked in late? | 摩·伦道夫 迟到的那个家伙 |
[51:10] | He who will not speak his name like one of the rabble. | 他就跟那帮乌合之众一样不愿说出自己的姓名 |
[51:13] | What do you care? | 你在乎个什么劲 |
[51:15] | I’m Jake Gleason. I’m with the Post. | 我是杰克·格里森 在《邮报》工作 |
[51:17] | Can I buy you a cup of coffee? | 我能请你喝杯咖啡吗 |
[51:20] | I’m hungry. You can buy me dinner. | 我饿了 你可以请我吃晚饭 |
[51:25] | Okay, that means the one guy | 好吧 意思是这家伙 |
[51:26] | answers to the other guy, | 听命于那个家伙 |
[51:26] | – but they all gotta answer to the mayor. – The mayor? | -但他们都得向市长汇报 -市长 |
[51:29] | That clown is so green, | 那个蠢货还嫩着呢 |
[51:30] | he doesn’t even know what he doesn’t know yet. | 他连自己被蒙在鼓里了都毫不知情呢 |
[51:32] | He’ll be out the door before he even realizes | 还没等他发现自己的每个参谋 |
[51:35] | that every person he turns to for advice is on Randolph’s payroll. | 都是伦道夫的手下之前 他就该滚蛋了 |
[51:37] | – I thought he was the parks commissioner. – He is. | -我以为他是公园局局长 -没错 |
[51:39] | But they called him the construction commissioner in there. | 但里面的人都管他叫建筑局局长 |
[51:41] | He’s that, too, now, but they didn’t even have that position | 他两个都是 但之前根本没有这个职位 |
[51:44] | until the Feds decided to get in the housing game. | 直到联调局的人决定插手住房业 |
[51:46] | There was no defined power, | 之前没有界定明确职权 |
[51:48] | so he defined it, they approved it | 于是他就定了一个 自然也得到了认可 |
[51:50] | and now how much control | 那现在市政府对于 |
[51:51] | over that money has the city got? Zero. | 住房拨款经费有多大控制权 完全没有 |
[51:53] | He’s got it all. | 全攥在他手里呢 |
[51:54] | – You know what “eminent domain” Is? – I think, yeah… | -你知道”土地征收权”是什么意思吗 -应该吧 |
[51:56] | Yeah, if he says it’s a slum, it goes. | 对 如果他说这地是贫民区 那就是 |
[51:58] | He used to have to fight | 他以前还要通过争取 |
[52:00] | to put his highways and parks where he wanted, | 才能把公路和公园建在他想建的地方 |
[52:01] | and now, he goes anywhere, tears anything down. | 而现在 他大手一挥 指哪拆哪 |
[52:03] | He can condemn a whole section of the city, | 他可以把市里一整个区都说成是危楼 |
[52:07] | evict everyone who lives there, | 驱逐住在那里的所有居民 |
[52:08] | and put up what he wants. | 然后想建什么就建什么 |
[52:09] | And he’ll go at it with an axe. | 而且他还是拿着斧头去的 |
[52:11] | Smacks with an axe! | 用斧头砍 |
[52:12] | But he’d be the most hated guy in the city. | 但他在市里肯定最遭人痛恨吧 |
[52:14] | I mean, he’d piss everybody off. | 他可是惹毛了所有人 |
[52:15] | They love him. | 他们都爱他 |
[52:18] | That’s what makes me so… | 所以我才那么… |
[52:20] | He flies above it. They revere him. | 他完全置身事外 大家都很敬重他 |
[52:22] | – Why? – Because he built the parks. | -为什么 -因为他建公园 |
[52:25] | As long as you’re the guy that brings people parks, | 只要你是那个给大伙儿建公园的人 |
[52:29] | you walk with the angels, you can’t lose. | 你就有如神助 不可能输 |
[52:31] | The day that Rockaway Beach opened, | 洛克威海滩开放的那天 |
[52:33] | Moses Randolph became a folk hero in this town. | 摩西·伦道夫成为了这里的民间英雄 |
[52:35] | People don’t realize how much he hates them. | 人们都没意识自己要被他恨死了 |
[52:38] | “The hero of the public who hates people.” | 《人民英雄恨人民》 |
[52:41] | That’s your headline. | 这就是你标题了 |
[52:42] | And you know who he hates especially? | 你知道他尤其恨谁吗 |
[52:45] | Negroes. | 黑人们 |
[52:46] | He’s going to seize every neighborhood | 他要霸占市里所有的 |
[52:48] | in this city that’s not white | 非白人街道 |
[52:50] | and turn it over to his handpicked private developers. | 并将其交给他亲自选的私人地产商 |
[52:52] | So, you’re saying he’s getting rich, | 你是说他变富是因为 |
[52:53] | he’s taking kickbacks on all this? | 他在这些项目上拿回扣吗 |
[52:55] | No, he doesn’t want money. He wants control. | 不 他不要钱 他想要控制权 |
[52:57] | And he brokers money to get it and guard it. | 而且他会花钱来获取并维护权力 |
[52:59] | Some guys aren’t satisfied unless they have filet mignon. | 有些人不吃到菲力牛排就不会满足 |
[53:03] | Moses Randolph would be satisfied | 摩西·伦道夫有熏牛肉三明治 |
[53:05] | with a pastrami sandwich and power. | 和权力就满足了 |
[53:09] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[53:10] | Could I get a slice of cheesecake? | 能给我来一块奶酪蛋糕吗 |
[53:11] | Could you make it warm? | 能加热一下吗 |
[53:12] | I’d like it warm. | 我喜欢吃热的 |
[53:14] | Half the city is getting a ride on one of his horses. | 半座城市都离不开他的工程 |
[53:17] | For God’s sakes, | 老天 |
[53:18] | he controls every fuckin’ construction job in the city. | 他控制着市里所有工程建设 |
[53:21] | But you said they just created the position. | 你不是说这职位是刚设立的 |
[53:23] | No. Construction, slums, parks. | 不 建设 贫民区 公园 |
[53:25] | He’s got 14 appointments. | 他有十四个名头 |
[53:26] | It’s all just ink on a glass door. | 全都只是印在玻璃门上的官衔而已 |
[53:28] | None of it matters. It’s all BA. | 都不重要 都是BA |
[53:30] | BA? | BA是什么 |
[53:32] | Borough Authority. | 自治局 |
[53:34] | You call yourself a reporter? On what? | 你说你是记者 什么记者 |
[53:37] | – The arts beat? – Beet farts! | -艺术领域的吗 -领鱼个屁 |
[53:38] | – You read Emerson? – No, should I? | -你看爱默生的书吗 -没有 应该看吗 |
[53:40] | – Yeah, you fucking should. – All right. | -当然 太应该了 -好吧 |
[53:43] | Emerson said that | 爱默生说 |
[53:45] | “An institution is the lengthened shadow of one man.” | “制度就是一个人被放大的影子” |
[53:49] | This town is run by the Borough Authority | 这个城市由自治局管理 |
[53:52] | and the Borough Authority is Moses Randolph. | 自治局就是摩西·伦道夫 |
[54:04] | If! | 要是 |
[54:24] | 财富 | |
[54:24] | 摩西·伦道夫 | |
[54:26] | 摩西·伦道夫建了又建 | |
[54:33] | 委员事无巨细 | |
[54:38] | 自治局官员 | |
[54:42] | 威廉·利伯曼 行政副主席 | |
[54:42] | Fucking Lieberman. | 该死的利伯曼 |
[54:44] | If! | 要是 |
[54:45] | 人民公仆 | |
[54:47] | 西河公园开园 | |
[54:48] | 公众人物的私生活 | |
[54:53] | 年轻的摩西·伦道夫和其弟弟 保罗·伦道夫共同现身某私人活动 | |
[54:55] | That quack in the diner with pork chop and peas in his beard | 那个餐馆里胡子上沾着猪排和豌豆的江湖骗子 |
[54:58] | was one of the most talented engineers of his generation. | 是他那个时代最有才华的工程师 |
[54:59] | 普林斯顿小伙荣获胡贝尔土木工程奖 | |
[55:02] | Ivy League. Big awards. | 毕业于常春藤名校 各项大奖得主 |
[55:04] | Walkin’ right next to his brother toward being someone important. | 和他哥哥并肩有望成为大人物 |
[55:08] | Then, sometime after the Crash, just… | 然而股灾之后… |
[55:10] | nothing. | 什么也没了 |
[55:11] | Like he got erased. | 就好像他被抹除了 |
[55:14] | 建设者协会于周六晚宴致敬摩西·伦道夫 | |
[55:14] | Maybe it was bad luck, maybe booze. | 或许是因为运气不好 或许是因为酗酒 |
[55:17] | There was all kinds of casualties in those days. | 那个年头什么事故都有 |
[55:19] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[55:21] | please welcome | 请欢迎 |
[55:23] | the president of the Gotham Builders Association, | 哥谭市建筑协会主席 |
[55:26] | Joe Pompano! | 乔·庞帕诺 |
[55:33] | Gotta show this to Bill Lieberman. | 我得把这个给比尔·利伯曼 |
[55:35] | He’s gonna want to see this before Randolph speaks, believe me. | 他会想在伦道夫讲话前看到这个 相信我 |
[55:43] | Thank you. Thank you, ladies and gentlemen. | 谢谢 谢谢 女士们先生们 |
[55:45] | Please settle down and lend your serious attention. | 请入座 并认真听好了 |
[55:50] | Don’t worry. We’ll celebrate. | 别担心 会庆祝的 |
[55:51] | We’re gonna eat like only we know how to eat. | 也一定会开吃的 |
[55:55] | Tonight’s celebration is made very special by our guest of honor, | 今晚同行的兄弟大驾光临 |
[55:59] | a brother to our trade… | 令此次庆典蓬荜生辉 |
[56:01] | – Gleason, right? – who would rightly be hailed this country’s | -格里森 对吗 -他被尊为本国的 |
[56:04] | – master builder… – Nice threads. | -建筑大师 -行头不错 |
[56:06] | or “The Great Dirt Mover” | 或他喜欢大家叫他 |
[56:10] | as he likes to be called. | “伟大的运土机” |
[56:11] | Don’t let them see you pull out a notebook. | 别让他们看到你掏出笔记本 |
[56:13] | Tonight, it’s “Press: Forget about it.” | 今晚”媒体免进” |
[56:17] | We’d have to look to the Caesars and pharaohs | 只有在罗马帝王和各大法老中 |
[56:21] | to find men with a scale of vision to compare with his. | 才能找到能与他的远见卓识媲美的 |
[56:25] | – A great man. – If! | -伟大人物 -要是 |
[56:27] | A man of history, | 青史留名的人 |
[56:28] | serving the people of this city for over 25 years, | 他为这个城市服务了超过二十五年之久 |
[56:33] | Moses Randolph! | 摩西·伦道夫 |
[56:45] | Jeez, you’d think Patton showed up. | 老天 还以为巴顿将军出场了 |
[56:48] | He pays one and a half times union rate on all of his jobs. | 他给手下发的工资是联盟平均水平的一倍半 |
[56:51] | They’d pave over their mothers for him. | 他们为了他连自己亲妈都可以不管 |
[56:54] | Thank you, Joe. | 谢谢你 乔 |
[56:57] | Tonight, over 300 years since the founding of this great city, | 今晚 这座伟大的城市已成立了三百多年 |
[57:02] | we recommit ourselves to the ancient truth | 我们重新认识到这个古老的真理 |
[57:05] | that it is not knowledge, but action and enterprise | 驱动人生 指引人生的 |
[57:10] | which are the engine and objective in life. | 不是知识 而是行动和进取之心 |
[57:14] | Clever men come and go, | 这世上多得是聪明人 |
[57:16] | but for every dozen of them with their big ideas, | 但十几个怀有远大抱负的聪明人中 |
[57:19] | there is not more than one that can execute them. | 能付诸于实践的却不超过一个 |
[57:23] | I look around this room, | 我环顾这个房间 |
[57:24] | I don’t see a lot of bright boys | 在座各位多数都不是聪明小伙 |
[57:26] | or goodie-goodie progressives with their paralyzing ideals. | 或是怀揣无力理想的伪善的改革派 |
[57:32] | I see the men of my tribe. | 大家都属于我这一派 |
[57:35] | The men who get things done. | 做实事的人 |
[57:37] | The doers that make this country great! | 令这个国家伟大的实干家 |
[57:43] | To be honored by you | 我只要你们的肯定 |
[57:45] | is all the affirmation or payment I shall ever seek. | 作为给我的认可或报酬 |
[57:50] | I celebrate you | 我赞颂你们 |
[57:52] | and I thank you. | 感谢你们 |
[57:54] | Hear, hear! | 说得好 |
[58:28] | I’ll catch you on the next one. | 等会再聊 |
[58:29] | All right. | 好 |
[59:03] | You finished it? | 完成了吗 |
[59:04] | Best work I’ve done. | 我最好的作品 |
[59:06] | A total modernization of the state’s electrical grid. | 全国电网完全实现现代化 |
[59:09] | And it’s a scale that only you can get done. | 这种规模只有你能完成 |
[59:18] | Clean yourself up, for Christ sakes. | 好好收拾下自己 真是的 |
[59:19] | How? With what? | 怎么收拾 拿什么收拾 |
[59:20] | Not a fuckin’ word out of you about any of that. | 那件事一个字也别提 |
[59:22] | You bring that up to me ever again, | 再跟我提那件事 |
[59:24] | I’m gonna close you out for good. | 我就让你永远失业 |
[59:25] | Moses, I’m so far out, | 摩西 我的生活太脱轨了 |
[59:26] | I’m doing piecework for kids fresh out of school. | 我在给刚毕业的孩子们做计件工作 |
[59:29] | You whip up a crowd against me like that ever again, | 你再像那样煽动群众反对我 |
[59:31] | I’m gonna take your big idea, | 我就把你的大创意 |
[59:32] | I’ll throw it on the fuckin’ scrap heap. | 扔进垃圾堆里 |
[59:34] | – Is that what you want? – No, no. | -那是你想要的吗 -不 不 |
[59:36] | Okay, I’m sorry. I’m sorry. | 好吧 抱歉 抱歉 |
[59:39] | None of that matters. | 那都不重要 |
[59:41] | Just read it. | 好好看看吧 |
[59:45] | I’ll read it. | 我会看的 |
[59:48] | What makes a person go against their own brother? | 什么会让一个人与亲兄弟反目 |
[59:52] | All my life, I’d never had a family, | 我这一生 从没有过家人 |
[59:53] | so I never could understand people who did and let it get ugly. | 所以我不能理解那些有家人却与家人交恶的人 |
[59:58] | My crazy brain was tellin’ me I should keep pullin’ on that thread, | 我那疯狂的大脑告诉我应该继续顺藤摸瓜 |
[1:00:01] | but whatever Frank found, | 但弗兰克的发现 |
[1:00:03] | he found it following the girl. | 都是在跟踪那个姑娘时发现的 |
[1:00:05] | So, I just kept chasin’ his footsteps. | 所以 我只是一直追随着他的脚步 |
[1:01:05] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[1:01:08] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[1:01:38] | If! | 要是 |
[1:01:41] | Keep it together, Freakshow. | 冷静点 怪胎 |
[1:01:50] | Jesus. | 老天 |
[1:01:54] | – You lookin’ for somethin’? – Help, Bailey! | -你在找什么吗 -救命 贝利 |
[1:01:56] | Shit. | 见鬼 |
[1:01:57] | What, you think you can just walk into people’s homes? | 怎么 你以为自己能随便进别人家吗 |
[1:01:58] | No, I was lookin’ for someone. | 不 我在找人 |
[1:02:00] | I didn’t think anybody lived here. | 我以为没人住这里 |
[1:02:01] | Someone lives here. | 有人住 |
[1:02:02] | – My momma lives here. – Sure. | -我妈住这里 -好吧 |
[1:02:03] | – At least, she’s tryin’ to. – If! | -至少她想住 -要是 |
[1:02:05] | Who you with? | 你是谁的人 |
[1:02:06] | – Huh? – I hope you’re with Belmont. | -什么 -希望你是贝尔蒙的人 |
[1:02:08] | Yeah, yeah, Belmont. Who else? | 没错 没错 贝尔蒙 还能是谁 |
[1:02:14] | What is going on? | 这是怎么回事 |
[1:02:16] | We got ourselves an intruder. | 有闯入者 |
[1:02:19] | – How hard did you hit him? – I barely tapped him. | -你下手有多重 -我根本就没用力 |
[1:02:21] | Fool slipped and hit his own head. | 这傻瓜自己滑倒撞到了脑袋 |
[1:02:23] | If! | 要是 |
[1:02:25] | “If” what? | “要是”什么 |
[1:02:27] | I’ll tell you what, “If”… | 我告诉你是什么 “要是” |
[1:02:29] | you better explain who you are | 要是你想走出这里 |
[1:02:30] | if you want to walk out of here. | 最好解释一下你是谁 |
[1:02:34] | Have I seen you before? | 我以前见过你吗 |
[1:02:35] | Yeah, my name is Jake Gleason. | 是的 我叫杰克·格里森 |
[1:02:36] | It’s a misunderstanding, all right? | 这是误会 |
[1:02:37] | I’m a reporter. | 我是记者 |
[1:02:39] | I was at the Hamilton Housing hearing the other night. | 那晚去了哈密尔顿住房听证会 |
[1:02:41] | I called the committee this morning. | 我今早联系了委员会 |
[1:02:43] | I came out here looking for you. | 来这里找你 |
[1:02:45] | He the one that said he’s with those racketeering sons of bitches. | 他说他和那些敲诈勒索的混蛋是一伙的 |
[1:02:48] | They stole her fridge. | 他们偷了她的冰箱 |
[1:02:49] | They stole her copper pipes. Man, what you expect? | 还偷走了她的铜管 你觉得我该怎么办 |
[1:02:52] | First, they put up a notice says the house will be condemned. | 他们先是贴告示说房子会被定为危房 |
[1:02:55] | It’s not true, | 事实并非如此 |
[1:02:55] | but that scares out about half and they sell for cheap. | 却吓走了一半的买家 他们只能低价出售 |
[1:02:58] | Then they come in and take the nice old family homes, | 然后他们介入 买下这些状况不错的旧居家房子 |
[1:03:01] | chop ’em into four and rent ’em up. | 隔成四间房出租 |
[1:03:02] | Folks who don’t leave, they harass, | 他们骚扰不愿搬走的人 |
[1:03:04] | turn the heat off, | 切断供暖 |
[1:03:05] | come in to do repairs and steal copper pipe instead. | 打着上门维修的幌子偷走铜管 |
[1:03:08] | The city sold property worth $15 million for 500,000 | 为了承担必须建设联邦项目的风险 |
[1:03:12] | to take the risk of having to build the federal projects. | 市里将价值1500万的房产以50万贱卖出去 |
[1:03:14] | They haven’t even submitted plans, | 他们甚至连计划都没有提交 |
[1:03:16] | just milked it till it really is a slum. | 就这样榨取这里的价值 直到这里真的成了贫民区 |
[1:03:18] | Slammer for the slum lords, Bailey! | 贫民区领主进监狱 贝利 |
[1:03:21] | What? You’re one of those who thinks we’re just agitating? | 怎么 你也觉得我们只是在煽动群众吗 |
[1:03:23] | Making it up like some Negro propaganda conspiracy? | 这是我们编出来的黑人宣传阴谋 |
[1:03:25] | No, no, look, look, look. I got a condition, okay? | 不不 听着 我得了一种病 好吗 |
[1:03:28] | It makes me say funny things, but I’m not trying to be funny. | 这病让我说些滑稽的话 但我不是有意搞笑的 |
[1:03:31] | I’m really not. I’m listenin’. | 真的没有 我在听 |
[1:03:33] | Where’s everybody go? | 大家都去哪了 |
[1:03:35] | Mostly just disappear. Fade away. | 多数人就这么消失了 查无音讯 |
[1:03:38] | 200,000 in two years, | 就在布鲁克林这片区域 |
[1:03:40] | just from this part of Brooklyn. | 两年就少了二十万人 |
[1:03:42] | Mostly Negro. Latino. | 大多是黑人 拉丁裔 |
[1:03:44] | Yeah, but Horowitz said they did it up in East Tremont, too. | 但霍洛维茨说他们在东特莱蒙特也是这么干的 |
[1:03:46] | – Same thing? – Yeah, they did it | -同样的做法 -对 他们也对 |
[1:03:47] | to a few Jews, too, but not systematic like this. | 一些犹太人这么做过 但没这么系统化 |
[1:03:50] | How many parks, do you think, have been built | 你认为自从他上台后 |
[1:03:51] | in this city since he’s been commissioner? | 一共建了多少座公园 |
[1:03:53] | 255. | 255座 |
[1:03:55] | How many of those in Harlem, you think? | 有多少是建在哈林呢 |
[1:03:58] | One. | 一座 |
[1:04:00] | You build a new beach for the people, | 虽说为市民建了个新沙滩 |
[1:04:02] | but the ones with no cars, | 但那些没有车的人 |
[1:04:03] | the poor ones, the black and brown ones, | 穷人 黑人和棕色人种 |
[1:04:05] | how are they gonna get to the parks and beaches? | 他们要怎么去公园和沙滩呢 |
[1:04:07] | Public bus. | 公共汽车 |
[1:04:09] | Guess how high they just built the overpasses on the new parkway? | 你猜那条新公园大道上刚建成的高架桥有多高 |
[1:04:13] | One foot too low for a bus to clear. | 比公交通行高度要低三十厘米 |
[1:04:16] | Come on. | 太扯了 |
[1:04:16] | Look, forget whether it’s discrimination. | 先不说是不是歧视 |
[1:04:18] | The federal government and the city are being scammed. | 联邦政府和市政府都被欺诈了 |
[1:04:20] | There’s supposed to be relocation services, | 本该有人落实搬迁服务 |
[1:04:22] | company’s got a $2 million contract to handle it, | 有公司为此得到了两百万美金的合同 |
[1:04:25] | but nobody even answers the phone. | 但一个电话打过去甚至都没人接 |
[1:04:26] | Call the city, they say these folks | 打给市政府 他们说 |
[1:04:28] | are on the list for the new public housing, | 这些人在新的公共住房名单里 |
[1:04:30] | but then it never gets built. | 但压根就不会建 |
[1:04:31] | You know more than any secretary I ever met in my life. | 你是我这辈子见过懂得最多的秘书 |
[1:04:33] | Secretary? Who told you that? | 秘书 谁告诉你的 |
[1:04:35] | I got a law degree, you know? | 我可是有法学学位的人 |
[1:04:37] | I’ll pass the bar first time I sit, too. | 而且只要我去考 律师执照就是囊中物 |
[1:04:39] | Okay, then. Sorry. | 那好吧 对不起 |
[1:04:40] | How are you gonna write | 你连笔记都不做 |
[1:04:41] | about it all if you don’t even take a note? | 到时候怎么写报道 |
[1:04:43] | What, “$2 million for relocation services, | 什么 “两百万的搬迁服务费 |
[1:04:44] | bridges a foot too low for the buses, | 桥比公交通行高度还低三十公分 |
[1:04:46] | one out of 255 parks, | 255座公园里只有一座 |
[1:04:48] | 15 million in property for 500K, | 1500万的房产以50万售出 |
[1:04:49] | 200,000 people in Fort Greene alone.” That? | 仅格林堡就有二十万人消失” 这些吗 |
[1:04:53] | I never forget anything, believe me. | 我过耳不忘 相信我 |
[1:04:54] | Not a single word. | 一字不漏 |
[1:04:58] | I’m really sorry. I can’t help it, I got a… | 真的非常抱歉 我控制不住 我得了… |
[1:05:01] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[1:05:02] | Just write about it, please. | 请把这件事写出来 |
[1:05:05] | What happens to poor people in this city | 这个城市里穷人的遭遇 |
[1:05:07] | wasn’t news yesterday and it won’t be tomorrow, | 在过去和未来都不是什么大新闻 |
[1:05:10] | but you’d think somebody’d care what happens to Brooklyn. | 但还是想着会有人在乎布鲁克林发生的事 |
[1:05:13] | It’s only the biggest city on Earth. | 这是不过是世界上最大的城市 |
[1:05:18] | Where you live? | 你住在哪里 |
[1:05:20] | Harlem. | 哈林 |
[1:05:22] | This is me. | 这是我的车 |
[1:05:24] | You want me to give you a ride? | 要我送你吗 |
[1:05:27] | Come on, the trains will be mobbed. | 来吧 地铁上肯定全是人 |
[1:05:28] | I’ll give you a ride. | 我开车送你 |
[1:05:31] | Come on. | 来 |
[1:06:03] | Bebop, Bailey, in the Metropolitan Bopera House! | 比博普 贝利 在大都市的波普罗房 |
[1:06:06] | Oh, God. | 老天 |
[1:06:08] | I’m sorry. I’m sorry. | 对不起 对不起 |
[1:06:11] | Don’t be sorry. It’s kinda funny. | 用不着道歉 还挺有趣的 |
[1:06:13] | Yeah? Well, hang around a little while, and see what you think. | 是吗 再多待一阵 看你还会不会这么想 |
[1:06:22] | If! | 要是 |
[1:06:23] | What is all that, anyway? | 你这到底是怎么回事 |
[1:06:25] | I don’t know. I never got a name for it. | 我不知道 我不知道这病叫什么名字 |
[1:06:28] | It’s like a piece in my head broke off | 就像是我脑子里有一部分挣脱了出来 |
[1:06:30] | and got a life of its own | 有了自己的生命 |
[1:06:31] | and then just decided to keep joyridin’ me for kicks. | 然后决定借我的身体来找乐子 |
[1:06:34] | Kicks and tics! | 找乐抽风 |
[1:06:37] | Licks and tics! Sorry. | 舔舔抽抽 抱歉 |
[1:06:39] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[1:06:41] | It’s like living with an anarchist, you know, | 就像是在和一个无政府主义者同居 |
[1:06:42] | but the funny thing is, | 但有趣的地方是 |
[1:06:45] | it also has to have everything in its right place. | 这也会让你把一切做得井井有条 |
[1:06:48] | Like, things have to be ordered and lined up just right. | 比如说 东西得按顺序整齐放置 |
[1:06:52] | Everything has to sound just right or else it really, | 所有事情都必须非常顺耳 否则 |
[1:06:55] | it’ll really put me into knots until I fix it. | 我的脑子就会打成死结 直到我理顺为止 |
[1:06:57] | Like, I’m talkin’ to you right now, right? | 比如说我现在正和你说话 对吗 |
[1:06:59] | But that part of my head, | 但我脑袋里那一部分 |
[1:07:01] | it’s worryin’ that the bills in my wallet | 正在担心我钱包里的钞票 |
[1:07:03] | aren’t lined up all in the right sequence, | 没有按顺序摆放好 |
[1:07:05] | and it’s sayin’, | 它在说 |
[1:07:06] | “Stop talkin’ to this girl, and deal with this.” | “别和这姑娘说话了 先解决我的事” |
[1:07:09] | It’s not fair. | 这不公平 |
[1:07:10] | Hey, we all got our daily battles, right? | 没有谁的生活是一帆风顺的 不是吗 |
[1:07:16] | Yeah, fair enough. | 也对 |
[1:07:22] | Kiss her face all night, Bailey! | 整晚亲她的脸 贝利 |
[1:07:27] | I’m… | 我 |
[1:07:28] | – I really am sorry. – It’s okay. | -真的抱歉 -没事 |
[1:07:29] | – I don’t mean nothin’ by it. – Don’t be sorry. | -我没有别的意思 -不用道歉 |
[1:07:32] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[1:07:57] | This is me. | 我家到了 |
[1:07:58] | What, up from that? That must keep you up nights. | 什么 在这上面 那你肯定整夜都睡不着 |
[1:08:01] | My father owns the place. | 这地方是我爸开的 |
[1:08:03] | I grew up falling asleep in the back of clubs. | 我就是在酒吧里头熟睡长大的 |
[1:08:06] | It’s pretty hoppin’ for a Monday night. | 才周一晚上这里就这么热闹了啊 |
[1:08:08] | Hottest band in the world, all week. | 请了全世界最炙手可热的乐队 整周都表演 |
[1:08:12] | Listen… | 听我说 |
[1:08:13] | I gotta check on one or two things, | 我要去办一两件事 |
[1:08:15] | but are you really interested in what I was telling you? | 但你真的对我告诉你的事情感兴趣吗 |
[1:08:21] | Yeah, I came lookin’ for you, didn’t I? | 对 我就是来找你的 不是吗 |
[1:08:24] | If you wanna come in, I could give you a lot more. | 你想进来的话 我还能告诉你更多 |
[1:08:29] | I don’t tend to do so good in places like this. | 我在这种地方会表现不太好 |
[1:08:33] | Come on, you can’t exactly disturb the peace | 拜托 你怎么可能会扰乱这里的平静 |
[1:08:34] | in a small club with a hot band. | 这可是有最火乐队的小酒吧 |
[1:08:39] | All right. | 行 |
[1:08:40] | It’s your party. | 你说了算 |
[1:08:50] | Keep an eye on it for me, all right? | 帮我盯着点 好吗 |
[1:09:01] | Vance. | 文斯 |
[1:09:11] | Hey, you, out. | 你 出去 |
[1:09:16] | – Hey, George. – Hey, girl. | -乔治 -姑娘 |
[1:09:17] | Welcome. | 欢迎 |
[1:09:21] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[1:09:23] | If! | 要是 |
[1:09:26] | Excuse me? Sir? | 打扰一下 先生 |
[1:09:28] | I’m sorry. Um… I’m a player, too. | 抱歉 我也是玩乐器的 |
[1:09:31] | And, you know what, man? | 你知道吗 兄弟 |
[1:09:32] | I really, really admire your tremolo. | 我特别佩服你的颤音 |
[1:09:34] | And I’m just curious, | 我就是想知道 |
[1:09:35] | how did you develop that tremolo? | 你是怎么练出那种颤音的 |
[1:09:39] | Suckin’ off little white boys like you. | 给你这样的白人小伙吹箫 |
[1:09:42] | Get the fuck out of here. | 给我滚出去 |
[1:09:44] | So what? Whitey White suck stick! | 那又如何 白白的白吸棍 |
[1:09:47] | “So what” is right. | 这态度才对 |
[1:10:05] | – Listen to me. Listen! – How y’all doin’ this evenin’? | -你听我说 听好了 -各位今晚过得如何 |
[1:10:07] | Feels good to be home with friends and family. | 能跟家人朋友团聚的感觉真好 |
[1:10:10] | I been travelin’ the world, | 我一直在环游世界 |
[1:10:13] | learnin’ new languages… | 学习新的语言 |
[1:10:16] | and with new language comes new ideas. | 新的语言会带来新的灵感 |
[1:10:19] | So, we gonna try a few of them on y’all tonight. | 所以今晚我们要在你们这里尝试几个 |
[1:10:22] | Strap in. | 准备好了 |
[1:10:33] | If! | 要是 |
[1:10:35] | You sure you don’t wanna sit in the back? | 你确定你不想坐在后面 |
[1:10:36] | Vance? | 文斯 |
[1:10:41] | Trumpet player’s a jazzmatazz! | 这个小号是爵士好手 |
[1:10:44] | Can we just sit in the back? Let’s sit in the back. | 我们能坐到去后面吗 坐后面去吧 |
[1:10:48] | No one cares. | 没人在乎的 |
[1:11:04] | It’s better ’cause I can control what’s on it. | 我现在好多了 因为我能控制住自己 |
[1:11:05] | Okay, you need to get out more. | 你真得多出来坐坐 |
[1:11:31] | – You wanna get up there? – No, I don’t. I don’t. | -你想上去吗 -不 我不想 不想 |
[1:11:34] | It’s causin’ me problems. | 会给我惹麻烦 |
[1:11:58] | Don’t put your hands on me. | 别碰我 |
[1:11:59] | There she is, my favorite baby girl, | 她在那儿呢 我最喜欢的小姑娘 |
[1:12:01] | looking pretty as a rose. | 美如一朵玫瑰 |
[1:12:04] | This next one’s for you, Laura. | 下一首是献给你的 劳拉 |
[1:12:32] | I don’t think I can do this. It’s not… | 我觉得我跳不来 这不太… |
[1:12:34] | It’s okay. It’s okay. | 没事 没事 |
[1:12:40] | If! It’s not a good idea. | 要是 这不是个好主意 |
[1:13:48] | Where is she? | 她在哪里 |
[1:14:42] | I’m just gonna deal with something. | 我得去处理件事情 |
[1:14:54] | What’s goin’ on? | 怎么了 |
[1:14:55] | All right, y’all, don’t get too cozy. | 好了 别太惬意 |
[1:14:56] | That was your last break. | 后面可没休息时间了 |
[1:15:17] | If! | 要是 |
[1:15:36] | Hey, take it easy, take it easy! | 别激动 别激动 |
[1:15:38] | Jesus, what’d I do? | 天呐 我做什么了 |
[1:15:42] | I said, let’s go! | 我说了 跟我走 |
[1:15:43] | Tell it to the fuckin’ judge! | 跟法官说去吧 |
[1:15:45] | Take it easy. | 悠着点 |
[1:15:46] | – Shut up! – Hey, I got this. | -闭嘴 -我来 |
[1:15:50] | You think I don’t know who you work for, cracker? | 你以为我不知道你是谁手下吗 白鬼 |
[1:15:52] | Black cracker, crack-whacker! | 黑白鬼 杀白佬 |
[1:15:54] | Hey… I made it through Iwo Jima, motherfucker! | 我连硫磺岛战役都挺了过来 傻逼 |
[1:15:56] | You think your boss scares me? | 你以为你老大能吓着我吗 |
[1:15:57] | Now you tell him that if I see | 告诉他 要是我再看到 |
[1:15:59] | any of you snoops around her again, | 你们这群私家侦探围着她转悠 |
[1:16:00] | I will kill you off one at a time, | 我会把你们一个个都杀了 |
[1:16:02] | and I will mail what he’s lookin’ for to the Post for free! | 我还会把他要找的东西免费寄给《邮报》 |
[1:16:05] | Do you hear me? I will mail it to the Post! | 你听到了吗 我会寄给《邮报》 |
[1:16:09] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[1:16:13] | If! | 要是 |
[1:16:14] | If! | 要是 |
[1:16:31] | Meow, the tomcat! | 喵喵 汤姆猫 |
[1:16:33] | Scarlet, the scared cat! | 绯红 怕怕猫 |
[1:16:42] | Trumpet, my man! | 小号 我的兄弟 |
[1:16:48] | Hep cat needs help! | 时髦猫要救命 |
[1:16:50] | Help for the hep cat! | 快救救时髦猫 |
[1:16:53] | You were pretty hep in there tonight yourself, cat. | 你今晚在里面不就挺赶时髦的吗 猫咪 |
[1:16:55] | Help! | 救命 |
[1:16:56] | The hep cat needs help! | 时髦猫要救命 |
[1:17:03] | If! | 要是 |
[1:17:08] | What, your head need fixin’, too? | 怎么 你的脑子也需要修理吗 |
[1:17:11] | Yeah. | 对 |
[1:17:13] | Wait, now, this ain’t just no marijuana. | 等等 这可不是什么普通大麻 |
[1:17:15] | It’s all right. | 没事 给我 |
[1:17:50] | You remember what I said. | 记住我说的话 |
[1:18:16] | Oh, God. | 老天 |
[1:18:19] | Shit. | 见鬼 |
[1:18:21] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[1:18:23] | Sorry, I don’t even know what happened. | 抱歉 我完全不知道发生了什么 |
[1:18:25] | You had a good time, that’s what happened. | 你玩得很开心 就是这样 |
[1:18:28] | Had a little party. | 小狂欢了一把 |
[1:18:30] | Different mix of people than the usual. | 和与平常不同的人 |
[1:18:33] | She called it a étrange mélange. | 她管这叫奇怪的组合 |
[1:18:38] | Thought you could use some rest, | 我觉得你需要多休息 |
[1:18:39] | so we just let you be. | 就没有叫醒你 |
[1:18:43] | Yeah. | 是了 |
[1:18:44] | That guy left his footprint on my ribs, | 那个家伙踹了我的肋骨 |
[1:18:46] | I remember that part. | 我想起来了 |
[1:18:48] | Thanks for bailin’ me out of there. | 多谢你救了我 |
[1:18:49] | Sarge is a good man, | 中士是个好人 |
[1:18:52] | but you gotta watch how you are around a man’s family, | 但是你在他的家人面前要注意言行 |
[1:18:55] | you know what I’m sayin’? | 懂我的意思吧 |
[1:18:56] | Who’s Sarge? | 中士是谁 |
[1:18:57] | – Billy. – Why you call him “Sarge”? | -比利 -你为什么要叫他中士 |
[1:18:59] | You don’t know how he got his arm all fucked up? | 你不知道他的胳膊是怎么变成那样的吗 |
[1:19:03] | Colored Marine Unit, | 他曾经在黑人海军陆战队 |
[1:19:04] | carryin’ ammo, | 运送弹药 |
[1:19:05] | and one day, he picked up a gun | 有一天 他拿起枪 |
[1:19:06] | tryin’ to stop a Jap suicide attack, got hit. | 想阻止一个日本兵的自杀袭击 被伤了 |
[1:19:10] | Came back from that war bitter as hell. | 从战场上回来以后痛不欲生 |
[1:19:13] | Damn shame, too, ’cause he could play. | 真是可惜了 他乐器玩得很好 |
[1:19:16] | Trombone. | 长号 |
[1:19:18] | He used to jam with us | 他在40年代 |
[1:19:19] | down at Minton’s back in the ’40s. | 经常跟我们一起在明顿酒吧演出 |
[1:19:22] | You ever met his wife? | 你见过他的妻子吗 |
[1:19:24] | Sarge ain’t never married. | 中士没有结过婚 |
[1:19:26] | What about Laura’s mother? | 那劳拉的妈妈呢 |
[1:19:28] | I don’t know nothin’ about that. | 这我就不太清楚了 |
[1:19:30] | It was just Laura and him. | 一直都只有劳拉和他两个人 |
[1:19:31] | She was a tiny little thing, | 她以前还是个小不点 |
[1:19:33] | always in the kitchen, readin’ while we was playin’. | 我吹奏的时候她就在厨房里读书 |
[1:19:37] | You play? | 你会乐器吗 |
[1:19:39] | – Music? No. – Now, I’m not so keen | -乐器吗 不会 -我不是很急于 |
[1:19:41] | on people bein’ vocal while we playin’… | 给我们的乐队找个主唱 |
[1:19:45] | but you was on the line. | 但是你的乐感很不错 |
[1:19:48] | I could hear it. | 我听得出来 |
[1:19:49] | On the line, Lionel. Lionel’s on the line. | 有乐感 莱昂纳尔 莱昂纳尔有乐感 |
[1:19:52] | Sorry, I… | 抱歉 我 |
[1:19:53] | I got somethin’ wrong with my head… | 我的脑子有点毛病 |
[1:19:54] | and the music really, really set it off. I’m sorry. | 音乐真的 真的会让我失控 很抱歉 |
[1:20:00] | Don’t be sorry. | 不必道歉 |
[1:20:01] | You got a head just like mine, | 你的脑袋和我一样 |
[1:20:03] | always boilin’ over. | 一直翻腾个不停 |
[1:20:06] | Turnin’ things around. | 各种想法翻来覆去 |
[1:20:09] | But that’s music. | 但音乐就是如此 |
[1:20:10] | Controls you more than you control it, | 一旦你为之所动 |
[1:20:12] | once it gets in you. | 它就更像是在控制你 |
[1:20:14] | Some people call it a gift, | 有人把这称作天赋 |
[1:20:15] | but it’s a brain affliction just the same. | 但这又何尝不是一种脑病 |
[1:20:17] | Yeah, well, I just twitch and shout. | 我只会抽搐和喊叫 |
[1:20:19] | At least you got a horn to push it through, | 你至少还有柄长号可以吹奏 |
[1:20:21] | make it sound pretty. | 让它发出美妙的声音 |
[1:20:23] | Yeah, but there’s a lot of other hours in the day, though. | 是啊 可是除这之外 一天还很漫长 |
[1:20:26] | You know what I’m sayin’? | 你明白我的意思吗 |
[1:20:28] | Too many. | 太漫长了 |
[1:20:39] | Look, thanks for helpin’ me out. | 谢谢你的帮忙 |
[1:20:40] | You ever need anything, you give me a call. | 有任何需要 给我打电话 |
[1:20:50] | Excuse me. | 借过一下 |
[1:20:52] | Miss Horowitz… | 霍洛维茨女士 |
[1:20:53] | – Jake Gleason with the Post… – You’re not Jake Gleason. | -《邮报》的杰克·格里森 -你不是杰克·格里森 |
[1:20:55] | – I know Jake Gleason. – Jake Gleason | -我认识杰克·格里森 -杰克·格里森 |
[1:20:57] | took me to the Hamilton hearing the other night. | 带我去了那天哈密尔顿的听证会 |
[1:20:59] | I heard you speak. | 我听了你的发言 |
[1:21:01] | I’m a new writer with the Times. | 我是《时代周刊》的新来的记者 |
[1:21:03] | I got a very illuminating tour from your aide, Laura Rose. | 你的助手劳拉·罗斯带我参观了一圈 我深受启发 |
[1:21:06] | She showed me everything that’s goin’ on in Fort Greene. | 她带我见识了格林堡发生的一切 |
[1:21:09] | I’m very interested in this story. | 我对这个故事很感兴趣 |
[1:21:10] | Really? I thought that the Times was more interested | 是吗 我还以为《时代周刊》更乐意 |
[1:21:13] | in being the press office for the BA. | 做自治局的口舌呢 |
[1:21:15] | I’m not saying I can make it A1 tomorrow, | 我也不是说明天就能写出头版头条 |
[1:21:16] | but if I don’t get some help on the legwork, | 但如果采访不寻求点帮助 |
[1:21:18] | how can I try, right? | 怎么能成 对吗 |
[1:21:19] | Well, someone’s gonna win a Pulitzer off that story. | 会有人因为这篇报道赢得普利策奖的 |
[1:21:21] | Maybe it’ll be you. | 或许那个人会是你 |
[1:21:23] | If! Sorry. | 要是 抱歉 |
[1:21:24] | She’s already gone ahead to the protest. | 她已经去参加抗议游行了 |
[1:21:28] | You wanna come with me? | 你要跟我一起去吗 |
[1:21:29] | I want you to hear this next speaker | 我希望你们听听下一位发言人 |
[1:21:32] | and listen to what she has to say. | 听听她有什么话要说 |
[1:21:33] | She has taught me more about | 就是她教会了我 |
[1:21:35] | fightin’ the good fight than anyone else. | 为了正义而战 |
[1:21:37] | Look, I brought The New York Times. | 我带来了《纽约时报》的人 |
[1:21:38] | She wears granny glasses, but don’t be fooled! | 她戴着金框眼镜 但别搞混了 |
[1:21:42] | She is a pit bull for the people! | 她是人民的卫士 |
[1:21:45] | And let me just say this, let me just say this… | 让我说 听我说 |
[1:21:48] | I want you to hear this. | 我要你们听听这个 |
[1:21:51] | – Let’s not mince words. – No! | -大家都不要拐弯抹角 -不要 |
[1:21:53] | ‘Cause we are livin’ in a time | 因为我们生活在一个 |
[1:21:55] | that calls for naming things as they are. | 实事求是的时代 |
[1:21:59] | Yes! | 没错 |
[1:22:00] | This is not a program for slum removal. | 这不是清除贫民区的计划 |
[1:22:02] | 自由即平等 | |
[1:22:04] | No! | 没错 |
[1:22:05] | This is a program for Negro removal! | 这是黑人清除计划 |
[1:22:08] | Yeah! | 对 |
[1:22:09] | And we’re not gonna accept that! | 我们决不接受 |
[1:22:11] | No! | 绝不 |
[1:22:12] | Ladies and gentlemen, Gabby Horowitz! | 女士们先生们 欢迎盖比·霍洛维茨 |
[1:22:14] | 人间惨剧 | |
[1:22:17] | 无处容身 何谈文化 | |
[1:22:19] | What is a city? | 城市是什么 |
[1:22:21] | Is it a place where people slave for the lords of steel and concrete? | 是人们被钢铁和混凝土所奴役的地方吗 |
[1:22:25] | 人道的进步 需要 体面的搬迁 | |
[1:22:25] | No! | 不 |
[1:22:26] | A corral for the druids of finance to fleece mankind in? | 是金融祭司们用来圈养人类好来薅羊毛的兽栏吗 |
[1:22:31] | – No! – A city is its people! | -不 -城市的意义在于它的人民 |
[1:22:34] | Yeah! | 没错 |
[1:22:35] | – It is its community! – Yeah! | -在于它的社区 -对 |
[1:22:37] | 独裁者伦道夫 | |
[1:22:39] | Who’s gonna stand up for the city? | 谁要为我们的城市挺身而出 |
[1:22:41] | We are! | 我们 |
[1:22:42] | Who’s going to remind the politicians | 谁要去提醒那些政客 |
[1:22:44] | and the power brokers and the profiteers, | 那些权力掮客和奸商们 |
[1:22:47] | that the city belongs to the people who live in it? | 这座城市属于生活在其中的人们 |
[1:22:52] | Mo must go! Mo must go! | 摩必须下台 摩必须下台 |
[1:22:56] | I’ve never seen such horseshit in my life. | 我这辈子从没听过这样的狗屁 |
[1:22:59] | Mo must go! Mo must go! | 摩必须下台 摩必须下台 |
[1:23:03] | We may have an issue with our friend from Brooklyn. | 布鲁克林来的那位朋友可能有点问题 |
[1:23:05] | He’s asserting himself. | 他要坚持自己的主张 |
[1:23:07] | How so? | 怎么说 |
[1:23:08] | Well, he’s not here for this mishigas. | 他可不是为这些胡言乱语而来的 |
[1:23:09] | He’s not that brave, | 他没那么勇敢 |
[1:23:10] | but he still might not go along with the vote. | 但他在选票上可能跟我们意见相左 |
[1:23:12] | Says his constituency is up in arms. | 他说他的支持者也在抗议 |
[1:23:14] | We made him the borough president. | 我们任命他为区长 |
[1:23:15] | We put him on the Board of Estimate. | 帮他进了预算委员会 |
[1:23:17] | We’re his constituency. | 我们就是他的选区 |
[1:23:18] | Don’t tell me he’s not gonna go along. | 别告诉我他现在打退堂鼓了 |
[1:23:23] | I’m gonna hand him this the day before the vote. | 投票前一天把这个给他 |
[1:23:26] | He’ll go along. | 他会配合的 |
[1:23:29] | He’s a louse. | 他就是个寄生虫 |
[1:23:30] | 独裁者摩西 | |
[1:23:30] | Mo must go! Mo must go! | 摩必须下台 摩必须下台 |
[1:23:40] | Let’s go have lunch. | 我们去吃午饭吧 |
[1:23:43] | Jake? | 杰克 |
[1:23:45] | Hey, Jake! | 杰克 |
[1:23:47] | Ah, it’s the disappearing lady. | 是你 那个玩消失的女士 |
[1:23:48] | I’m so sorry. I owe you an… | 真的很抱歉 我欠你一个… |
[1:23:50] | Oh, you don’t owe me nothin’. I’m used to it. | 你不欠我什么 我习惯了 |
[1:23:52] | No, no, I tried to find you. I… | 不不 我找过你 我 |
[1:23:54] | – I want to explain… – Laura! | -我可以解释 -劳拉 |
[1:23:56] | You gotta go. It’s all right. | 你该走了 没关系的 |
[1:23:57] | Yeah, listen, I… | 听我说 我 |
[1:23:59] | I’ll be at the club tonight. | 我今天晚上会去酒吧 |
[1:24:01] | Come find me. | 来找我 |
[1:24:02] | – I’ll, uh, I’ll see if I can. – Laura, come on! | -我 到时候再看吧 -劳拉 走了 |
[1:24:05] | Come. | 一定要来 |
[1:24:11] | – Hold up. – The reporter that never reports. | -等等 -不写报道的记者 |
[1:24:13] | Do I gotta write it for you? Jesus. | 要我替你写吗 真是 |
[1:24:15] | You’re not too ambitious, are you? | 你事业心不太强 对吗 |
[1:24:16] | I’m still puttin’ the details together. | 我还在整理细节 |
[1:24:18] | – Tell me somethin’. – Here’s your next headline… | -跟我说说吧 -听好了 下一个头条 |
[1:24:20] | “New expressway will be the world’s biggest parking lot.” | 《新高速公路将成为世界最大的停车场》 |
[1:24:24] | – What? Why? – Because cars are a cancer | -什么 为什么 -因为汽车就是癌症 |
[1:24:26] | and roads make them metastasize, | 公路只会让它扩散 |
[1:24:28] | not shrink. We need trains. | 而不是缩小 我们需要地铁 |
[1:24:30] | – But he’s killin’ the trains. – Why? | -可他想除掉地铁 -为什么 |
[1:24:32] | Always with the “why.” Because he doesn’t control | 总是在问为什么 因为他控制不了 |
[1:24:34] | the revenues from the trains. | 地铁的收入 |
[1:24:36] | He controls the tolls for the bridges and roads. | 他控制的是公路桥梁的过路费 |
[1:24:40] | Borough Authority. | 自治局 |
[1:24:40] | You know what an “Authority” is? | 你知道什么是当局吗 |
[1:24:42] | – No. – Neither did anyone else. | -不知道 -没人知道 |
[1:24:44] | He invented it. A fourth branch of government. | 他自己发明的 第四个政府部门 |
[1:24:47] | A shadow branch. | 一个影子机构 |
[1:24:48] | All controlled by him, | 全部由他掌控 |
[1:24:49] | meaning he controls everything, | 意味着他控制着一切 |
[1:24:50] | but nobody voted for him, and they can’t vote him out. | 但没人投给他 他们没法把他投出局 |
[1:24:53] | Wait, wait, wait. What could stop him? | 等等 等等 怎么阻止他 |
[1:24:55] | Almost nothing. | 几乎没有办法 |
[1:24:56] | And he’s more dangerous now than ever. | 现在的他比以往任何时候都危险 |
[1:24:58] | Why now? | 现在怎么了 |
[1:24:59] | ‘Cause the Board of Estimate | 因为预算委员会 |
[1:25:00] | votes on his highway and slum clearance plans this week, | 这周会给他的高速公路和贫民区清理计划投票 |
[1:25:03] | so he’s bullyin’ everyone into submission! | 他要逼所有人就范 |
[1:25:05] | He’s the most powerful man in the history of the city! | 他是这座城市有史以来最强权的人 |
[1:25:08] | He’s an autocratic Caesar, but nobody realizes it. | 他就是专制的凯撒大帝 可没有人意识到这点 |
[1:25:11] | They are just all walking around, | 他们只知道走来走去 |
[1:25:13] | calm as Hindu cows, | 悠闲得像印度的牛一样 |
[1:25:15] | thinking they live in a democracy, | 以为自己活在民主的世界里 |
[1:25:16] | so what could happen? | 结果会怎么样 |
[1:25:17] | Are you gonna write about this or what? | 这段你要不要写进去 |
[1:25:18] | If you know so much about him, | 你这么了解他 |
[1:25:20] | why haven’t you taken him down? | 怎么不扳倒他 |
[1:25:22] | Because it can’t be me. | 因为我不能这么做 |
[1:25:23] | No, ’cause you’re his brother. | 不 因为你是他的弟弟 |
[1:25:29] | No, because I still have dreams. | 不 因为我还有梦想 |
[1:25:33] | That’s why. | 这就是原因 |
[1:25:34] | Dreams that I am this close to realizing. | 我即将实现的梦想 |
[1:25:36] | It’s my contribution to society. | 这是我对社会的贡献 |
[1:25:40] | My legacy! | 我的传承 |
[1:25:42] | I’m… | 我… |
[1:25:43] | I’m not gonna risk it. | 我不会拿这个去冒险 |
[1:25:46] | All right. | 好吧 |
[1:25:49] | Okay, here… | 好吧 听着 |
[1:25:53] | look at Belmont Developers and Inwood Residential. | 查查贝尔蒙地产和英伍德物业 |
[1:25:58] | What’s all that? | 那是什么 |
[1:25:59] | Oh, God, I’m givin’ the goods. | 真要命 我在给你指点迷津 |
[1:26:01] | A map to the scoop of the decade! | 通往十年间最劲爆的独家新闻的路 |
[1:26:03] | Do your damn job! | 去干你的活吧 |
[1:26:06] | Do the job! | 干活 |
[1:26:07] | I got enough problems. | 我的问题够多了 |
[1:26:12] | Records Office. | 档案室 |
[1:26:14] | Sorry, I’ll need to see your identification | 抱歉 我需要看看你的证件 |
[1:26:16] | and have you sign into the log. | 并请你在来访记录上签字 |
[1:26:17] | I’m just gonna read it right here, pal. | 我就在这看 伙计 |
[1:26:18] | I’m not checkin’ it out. | 不借走 |
[1:26:20] | See, parties wishing to review | 是这样 想查看 |
[1:26:21] | incorporation materials of city contractors | 市承包商公司材料的当事人 |
[1:26:23] | need to register with the construction commissioner’s office. | 需要到建筑局局长办公室进行登记 |
[1:26:25] | That can’t be legal. | 法律没这么规定 |
[1:26:27] | Not really a law, more of a rule, Mister… | 也算不上法律 算是个规矩吧 请问贵姓 |
[1:26:29] | 记者 纽约邮报 兹证明杰各布·格里森是上述媒体的授权代表 | |
[1:26:30] | Gleason. | 格里森 |
[1:26:34] | 公司条例 英伍德物业 | |
[1:26:39] | 董事会 | |
[1:26:41] | 威廉·M·利伯曼 | |
[1:26:46] | 贝尔蒙地产 公司条例 | |
[1:26:48] | 职员和股东 | |
[1:26:50] | 威廉·M·利伯曼 | |
[1:27:03] | Good evening. | 晚上好 |
[1:27:05] | so I can get my housing relocation forms here, yeah? | 这里能领到住房动迁表吗 |
[1:27:07] | Yeah, just there. | 可以 就在那里 |
[1:27:09] | And you can mail those in? | 可以填好寄过来吗 |
[1:27:10] | In-person relocation applications only. | 只接受亲自到场填写 |
[1:27:13] | Over there. | 在那边 |
[1:27:16] | So, they left you runnin’ this whole operation by yourself, did they? | 他们让你负责整个流程 是吗 |
[1:27:19] | Mmm, they did, indeed. | 是的 没错 |
[1:27:21] | Big tits! | 大奶 |
[1:27:23] | Bless you. | 一百岁 |
[1:27:25] | You have a good evening. Thanks for your help. | 晚安 谢谢你的帮助 |
[1:27:28] | Wait, your form! | 等等 你的表格 |
[1:28:02] | 纽约市 贫民区清除委员会 居住者记录 | |
[1:28:13] | People’s trash remains private property | 人们的垃圾在被收走之前 |
[1:28:16] | until it’s been collected. | 都是私有财产 |
[1:28:17] | Didn’t anybody ever tell you that? | 没有人告诉过你吗 |
[1:28:20] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[1:28:21] | We’ve seen each other before, ain’t we? | 我们之前见过 是吗 |
[1:28:24] | Ain’t we seen him? | 我们是不是见过他 |
[1:28:25] | Yeah, we seen him. | 是的 我们见过他 |
[1:28:28] | You keep stickin’ your nose in people’s trash, | 再翻别人的垃圾 |
[1:28:30] | and we’re gonna see you again. | 我们还会再见 |
[1:28:37] | Giant, faggot munchkin meat! | 巨人和小矮人基佬 |
[1:28:40] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:28:42] | See… I was told to go easy, and I did… | 有人要我悠着点 我忍住了 |
[1:28:48] | and now, you gotta go and make me do this! | 现在 你这是要逼我动粗 |
[1:28:51] | They’re not even pretending, | 他们做样子都懒得做 |
[1:28:52] | they’re just collecting the checks | 只是收集表格 |
[1:28:54] | and throwing these people’s lives in the trash. | 然后把这些人的命脉扔进垃圾堆 |
[1:28:56] | These guys make Tammany look like Double-A ball, I’m tellin’ you. | 那些家伙让坦慕尼协会看起来像是AA棒球联盟 |
[1:28:56] | 纽约市民主党组织 | |
[1:28:59] | People make deals with politicians for contracts all the time. | 大家一直都是跟政客做交易来换取合同 |
[1:29:03] | All right? Kickin’ it up the chain. It’s the nature of the thing. | 好吗 见怪不怪了 很正常 |
[1:29:04] | They’re not makin’ deals with people, | 他们不是跟别人做交易 |
[1:29:06] | they’re makin’ deals with themselves! | 他们是在跟自己做交易 |
[1:29:07] | They own the companies, | 公司是他们的 |
[1:29:08] | they’re given contracts through it and kickbacks. | 他们通过这个公司获取合同 并从中拿回扣 |
[1:29:10] | It’s grand larceny. | 这是巨大的监守自盗 |
[1:29:11] | Land a farce on me! | 简直是胡闹 |
[1:29:13] | – Calm down. – Don’t fart on my land, man! | -冷静点 -别在我这放屁 |
[1:29:14] | You got any weed? Give him a smoke. | 有大麻吗 给他抽一口 |
[1:29:15] | Minna said it was the biggest gravy train of the century, | 明纳说那是本世纪最赚钱的买卖 |
[1:29:18] | and he said… And this all goes down in two days. | 还说这一切都会在两天内敲定 |
[1:29:20] | So, it’s big stuff, but how’s Frank mixed up in it? | 这是大买卖 弗兰克是怎么牵连进来的 |
[1:29:23] | Every officer of the Borough Authority | 自治局的每一位官员 |
[1:29:24] | is gonna make millions on this deal, | 都将从这笔生意中赚上几百万 |
[1:29:25] | – but none of it ties to him. – To Frank? | -但这些都与他无关 -与弗兰克无关吗 |
[1:29:27] | – To Randolph. – The parks commissioner? | -与伦道夫无关 -那个公园局局长吗 |
[1:29:29] | Yeah, Moses Randolph. | 对 摩西·伦道夫 |
[1:29:30] | He’s behind everything. | 他是幕后指使者 |
[1:29:31] | He’s the one who controls it all. | 就是他在操控一切 |
[1:29:33] | Okay, listen, the girl had the line on the scam, right? | 那个女孩识破了骗局 对吗 |
[1:29:35] | She was the one diggin’ into all these companies | 她为住房委员会和霍洛维茨 |
[1:29:37] | for the committee and Horowitz. | 调查了那些公司 |
[1:29:38] | I think she found something | 我认为她有所发现 |
[1:29:40] | that ties Randolph straight to the money. | 能把伦道夫和那些钱联系在一起 |
[1:29:42] | Frank was followin’ her, and he figured it out, | 弗兰克在追踪她 他查出来了 |
[1:29:44] | and he took it in to Lieberman and his goons, | 并将线索带给利伯曼及其手下 |
[1:29:46] | and he showed them, he had his signature on somethin’. | 弗兰克给他们看了 签了份东西 |
[1:29:48] | I think Frank had somethin’ that nails Randolph. | 我认为弗兰克有伦道夫的把柄 |
[1:29:54] | Come on! Come on! | 动动脑子 想想吧 |
[1:29:56] | Where did… Where did we lose ’em? | 我们在哪里跟丢了他们 |
[1:29:57] | – On the bridge. – On the Borough Bridge. | -在桥上 -在自治桥上 |
[1:29:59] | Those guys were Borough Authority! | 那些家伙是自治局的人 |
[1:30:01] | The Borough Authority killed Frank! | 是自治局杀了弗兰克 |
[1:30:03] | Fuckin’ Lionel. | 该死的莱昂内尔 |
[1:30:04] | I think you’re really on the sniff, I do. | 我觉得你说的没错 真的 |
[1:30:06] | All right, but one thing, | 好吧 还有个问题 |
[1:30:07] | what’s the angle on this other guy with the club? | 酒吧那个家伙是怎么回事 |
[1:30:09] | Her father? The fuck was Frank talkin’ to him about? | 是她的父亲吗 弗兰克跟他说了什么 |
[1:30:11] | I don’t know. That part, I haven’t figured out. | 我不知道 我还没弄清楚这个问题 |
[1:30:14] | It doesn’t make any sense, but he knows somethin’. | 这说不通 但他知道些什么 |
[1:30:17] | He knows somethin’. | 他知道些什么 |
[1:30:18] | All right, go home. | 好 回家吧 |
[1:30:21] | I’m gonna make some calls around town. | 我要给市里的朋友打几个电话 |
[1:30:22] | Wait, who? What? Who you gonna call? | 等等 谁 什么 你要打给谁 |
[1:30:25] | Would you just trust me, and let me run with it? | 你能相信我 交给我来处理吗 |
[1:30:33] | Frank was the only person I knew | 弗兰克是我所认识的唯一一个 |
[1:30:34] | who thought the way we won the war | 认为我们这样赢得战争 |
[1:30:36] | was gonna cause us problems. | 会给我们造成麻烦的人 |
[1:30:38] | He said, after the Crash, | 他说股灾过后 |
[1:30:39] | we were diggin’ ourselves out by taking care of each other. | 我们要彼此关照以渡过难关 |
[1:30:43] | Now that we’d seen what we could do with our brute strength, | 既然我们知道了用一己之力来做什么 |
[1:30:45] | there was no goin’ back. | 就没有回头路了 |
[1:30:47] | He said, from here on out, | 他说 从现在起 |
[1:30:48] | the game’s gonna be about power from top to bottom. | 这场游戏从头到尾都将关乎权力 |
[1:31:04] | Yeah? | 喂 |
[1:31:05] | I know who you are. | 我知道你是谁 |
[1:31:06] | Who’s this? | 你是谁 |
[1:31:08] | You’re one of Minna’s boys. | 你是明纳的人 |
[1:31:10] | Who’s Minna? | 明纳是谁 |
[1:31:11] | Don’t bullshit me. | 别跟我装糊涂 |
[1:31:12] | You gave your number to the man with the horn. | 你把你的电话号码给了吹号的人 |
[1:31:15] | Sorry about roughin’ you up. | 抱歉对你动了粗 |
[1:31:16] | I thought you was one of ’em BA goons. | 我以为你是自治局的人 |
[1:31:18] | Yeah, okay. So, what? | 好吧 有什么事 |
[1:31:21] | Where’s the envelope? | 信封在哪里 |
[1:31:23] | I don’t know. What’s in it? | 我不知道 那里面有什么 |
[1:31:26] | Hold on. | 稍等 |
[1:31:27] | Look, we can’t talk about it like this. | 我们不能在电话上聊 |
[1:31:29] | It’s too complicated. | 事情太复杂了 |
[1:31:31] | Meet me up at the club. | 在酒吧见吧 |
[1:31:32] | Park up the block and come in the back. | 把车停在前面街区 从后门进来 |
[1:31:35] | I’ll let you in there. | 我会给你开门 |
[1:31:36] | – What, now? – Yeah, now. | -什么 现在吗 -对 现在 |
[1:31:39] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:32:15] | Billy? | 比利 |
[1:32:22] | 休息室 | |
[1:32:34] | Billy. | 比利 |
[1:32:43] | Shit. | 靠 |
[1:32:51] | Son of a… | 混蛋 |
[1:33:00] | So, he told you to come, | 他叫你过来 |
[1:33:03] | then he bumped himself | 然后他自杀了 |
[1:33:04] | so you could find him before the staff came, probably. | 可能是想让你在工作人员到达前发现他 |
[1:33:06] | No, I told you, I didn’t just find him, | 不 我跟你说过 我不止发现了他 |
[1:33:07] | I heard it happen, okay? | 我还听到了动静 好吗 |
[1:33:09] | He didn’t shoot himself… Shoot my shit, Bailey! | 他没有自杀 自杀个鬼 贝利 |
[1:33:11] | Sorry. Look, someone else did this. | 抱歉 杀他的另有其人 |
[1:33:13] | They tried to make it look like he did it to himself, | 他们试图伪造成是他自杀的 |
[1:33:14] | but I heard ’em leave. | 但我听到了他们离开的声音 |
[1:33:15] | Okay, we got powder burns on the shirt, | 好吧 我们在他衣服上发现了火药 |
[1:33:17] | point-blank, neighbors saying he got money problems. | 是近距离平射 邻居说他手头缺钱 |
[1:33:20] | Seems pretty straightforward, my friend. | 这看起来很明显 朋友 |
[1:33:21] | The gun was in his right hand. | 枪在他的右手上 |
[1:33:23] | So? | 所以呢 |
[1:33:24] | His right arm is like a dead fish. | 他的右臂完全不能动了 |
[1:33:25] | He has a war wound, ace, okay? | 他在战争中受过重伤 好吗 |
[1:33:27] | He couldn’t lift a Zippo, let alone a .38. | 他连打火机都拿不起来 更别说手枪了 |
[1:33:30] | So, explain to me, | 请解释一下 |
[1:33:30] | how’d he shoot himself in the heart with his left hand | 他是怎么用左手射击自己的心脏后 |
[1:33:32] | and then hand it off to his right before he punched out? | 在倒下前把枪传到右手 |
[1:33:36] | Look, guy went out on his own joint’s center stage | 那家伙走上了自己酒吧的舞台中央 |
[1:33:39] | with the lights and all… | 伴着灯光… |
[1:33:40] | Gotta give him credit, give him respect. | 应该让他体面一点 给他留点颜面 |
[1:33:44] | They usually send Division dicks up | 他们会为了一起自杀案 |
[1:33:45] | to Harlem at 3:00 a.m. for a suicide? | 在凌晨三点派政府的人来哈林区吗 |
[1:33:47] | We go wherever we’re needed. | 哪里需要我们我们就会去哪 |
[1:33:50] | Can I go now? | 我现在能走了吗 |
[1:33:52] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[1:33:54] | Oh, no! | 不 |
[1:33:55] | – No, no, no. – No, no! | -别过去 -不 不 |
[1:34:32] | I can’t remember the last time I saw him smile, | 我记不起上次看见他笑是什么时候了 |
[1:34:37] | but why would he do that? | 但是他为什么这么做 |
[1:34:40] | – To himself? – He… He didn’t. | -为什么自杀 -他没有 |
[1:34:43] | He didn’t. Someone killed him. | 他没有 有人杀了他 |
[1:34:46] | What? | 什么 |
[1:34:46] | They tried to make it look like he did it, | 他们伪造自杀现场 |
[1:34:48] | but someone killed him. | 但他是被谋杀的 |
[1:34:52] | No, no, nobody hated him like that. No one. | 不不 没人这么恨他 不会的 |
[1:34:55] | I promise you, I’m tellin’ you the truth. | 我向你保证 我说的是实话 |
[1:34:56] | Who would do something like that? | 谁会这么做 |
[1:34:57] | The same people that did it to a friend of mine. | 杀了我朋友的那些人 |
[1:35:02] | I’m sorry. I’m really sorry. | 很遗憾 我真的很遗憾 |
[1:35:06] | You got someone that you can call? | 你能叫谁来陪你吗 |
[1:35:11] | You all alone? | 你孤身一人吗 |
[1:35:15] | You got no idea. | 你不懂 |
[1:35:21] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[1:35:31] | Can you stay with me a while? | 你能陪我一会儿吗 |
[1:35:36] | You want me to? | 你想让我留下吗 |
[1:35:52] | If! | 要是 |
[1:35:53] | Oh, God, I’m sorry. | 天呐 抱歉 |
[1:35:55] | – It’s okay. – Shit. | -没关系 -该死 |
[1:35:58] | I’m… | 我… |
[1:36:00] | I’m sorry. I… | 对不起 我… |
[1:36:01] | – I don’t know what happened. – It’s okay. | -我不知道怎么回事 -没关系 |
[1:36:03] | – You fell asleep. – It’s okay. | -你睡着了 -没关系 |
[1:36:08] | Thank you for staying. | 谢谢你留下来 |
[1:36:11] | Yeah, sure. | 应该的 |
[1:36:18] | I know how you’re feelin’. I really do. | 我理解你的感受 真的 |
[1:36:23] | Pretty soon, you’re gonna hear his voice in your head. | 很快 他的声音会在你脑中回荡 |
[1:36:26] | He’s gonna tell you to pull yourself together and get movin’. | 他会叫你振作 向前看 |
[1:36:31] | And when you do, | 等你振作起来 |
[1:36:32] | you’re gonna feel him smilin’ at you again, I promise. | 你会感到他重新对你微笑 我保证 |
[1:36:44] | I really am sorry. | 我真的很遗憾 |
[1:36:51] | Why are you being so nice to me? | 你为什么对我这么好 |
[1:36:55] | Because I think you’re a good person. | 因为我觉得你是好人 |
[1:36:59] | You’re tryin’ to make a difference. | 你在努力改变现状 |
[1:37:00] | You actually care about what happens to other people. I just… | 你真诚关心他人 我… |
[1:37:04] | Not many people can say that. | 没有多少人能说出那样的话 |
[1:37:08] | It’s a good way to be. | 你是在做善事 |
[1:37:14] | You’re sweet. | 你人真好 |
[1:37:18] | I don’t think that’s how most people usually describe me | 我认为大多数认识我的人 |
[1:37:20] | when they meet me, | 不会这么形容我 |
[1:37:21] | but I’m glad that you think so. | 不过我很高兴你这么想 |
[1:37:26] | Anybody ever tell you you talk in your sleep? | 有人说过你会说梦话吗 |
[1:37:33] | I never slept with anyone. | 我没跟别人一起睡过 |
[1:37:38] | You never slept with anyone? | 你没跟别人一起睡过 |
[1:37:41] | I mean, I’ve been with a few girls, but just not… | 我有过几个女友 但不是… |
[1:37:47] | not the kind who wanna stay and sleep with me. | 不是会留下过夜的那种关系 |
[1:37:55] | Who’s Frank? | 弗兰克是谁 |
[1:38:01] | What? | 什么 |
[1:38:03] | You said that name when you were asleep. | 你睡觉时叫了这个名字 |
[1:38:05] | You seemed upset. | 你看起来很伤心 |
[1:38:08] | Was he your friend who… | 他是不是那个朋友… |
[1:38:10] | Yeah, I… | 对 我… |
[1:38:12] | I worked with him, I… | 我和他共事 我… |
[1:38:13] | I worked for him, | 他是我老板 |
[1:38:14] | but I met him when I was 12. | 但我在十二岁就认识他了 |
[1:38:17] | I was at that Catholic home for boys on DeKalb. | 那时我在迪卡尔布市的天主教男童之家 |
[1:38:22] | They threw me in there when I was six, | 在我六岁丧母后 |
[1:38:23] | after my mother died. | 他们就把我扔在了那里 |
[1:38:26] | Frank… | 弗兰克… |
[1:38:28] | Frank kind of took me under his wing. | 弗兰克算是收养了我 |
[1:38:34] | You know, he never called me my name. | 他从不叫我的本名 |
[1:38:37] | He called me Brooklyn. | 他叫我布鲁克林 |
[1:38:40] | Say, “Look at you, Motherless Brooklyn, | 他会说 “瞧瞧你 布鲁克林孤儿 |
[1:38:42] | you got no one lookin’ out for ya.” | 没人照顾你” |
[1:38:47] | We all need someone lookin’ out for us. | 我们都需要有人照顾 |
[1:39:11] | Is that your mother? | 那是你母亲吗 |
[1:39:14] | She’s beautiful. | 她真美 |
[1:39:16] | She died a long time ago. | 她很早以前就去世了 |
[1:39:20] | I don’t remember her. | 我记不起她了 |
[1:39:23] | I guess we both got nobody now. | 看来我们现在都无依无靠 |
[1:39:27] | Listen, I gotta ask you, | 我得问问你 |
[1:39:28] | is there something you’re not tellin’ me? | 你有没有什么事没告诉我 |
[1:39:30] | What? | 什么 |
[1:39:31] | Is there something you’re holdin’ out, you and Horowitz? | 你和霍洛维茨有没有什么事没告诉我 |
[1:39:33] | On all this housing deal? | 关于整个住房协议的事 |
[1:39:36] | Look, the… | 听我说… |
[1:39:38] | Those goons at the BA, | 自治局的这些暴徒 |
[1:39:38] | they’re scared of something, okay? | 他们在害怕什么 好吗 |
[1:39:40] | There’s something big out there | 你一直在调查的这个骗局 |
[1:39:41] | that has to do with all this fraud | 一定牵扯到 |
[1:39:43] | that you’ve been diggin’ around in. | 一些大事 |
[1:39:44] | I think it ties it right up to Moses Randolph. | 我认为这直接关系到摩西·伦道夫 |
[1:39:48] | Do you know what it is? | 你知道是什么事吗 |
[1:39:49] | No, no, I mean, | 不 不 |
[1:39:51] | somebody’s getting rich, but no. | 有人从中牟利 但我不清楚 |
[1:39:56] | You gotta take this seriously. | 你得认真对待这件事 |
[1:39:58] | If you’re holdin’ on to some card | 要是你手上握着某张牌 |
[1:39:59] | and you’re waitin’ to play it to try to block that vote, | 想用借此阻拦投票 |
[1:40:01] | you’re playin’ a dangerous game. | 就是在玩火 |
[1:40:03] | They already killed Frank, they killed your father, | 他们已经杀了弗兰克 杀了你父亲 |
[1:40:05] | they did this to me last night, | 昨晚对我施暴 |
[1:40:06] | these people aren’t gonna stop. | 他们不会收手 |
[1:40:07] | What’s Billy got to do with it? | 比利和这件事有什么关系 |
[1:40:09] | He knows something about it. | 他了解一些内情 |
[1:40:10] | No. No, wait, that’s not possible. | 不不 等等 这不可能 |
[1:40:12] | He and my friend Frank were working together on it. | 他和我朋友弗兰克在一起调查 |
[1:40:13] | He doesn’t even… | 他甚至都不… |
[1:40:15] | He didn’t even know what I’m working on. | 他甚至都不知道我的工作 |
[1:40:18] | I have an uncle who knows Gabby. | 我有个叔叔认识盖比 |
[1:40:20] | He got me that job. | 他给了我那份工作 |
[1:40:23] | You’re not a reporter, are you? | 你不是记者 对吗 |
[1:40:24] | No, and my name’s not Jake. It’s Lionel. | 不是 我也不叫杰克 我叫莱昂内尔 |
[1:40:26] | Look, Frank is an investigator, okay? | 弗兰克是个侦探 明白吗 |
[1:40:29] | That’s who I worked for. | 我就是为他工作 |
[1:40:31] | They hired him to keep tabs on your committee. | 他们雇他监视你们的委员会 |
[1:40:33] | He was following you. | 他在跟踪你 |
[1:40:35] | I… I wasn’t trying to expose anything. | 我不是想揭穿什么事 |
[1:40:37] | I just was poking into it | 我调查此事 |
[1:40:39] | to try to figure out who killed him, | 只是想找到杀害他的凶手 |
[1:40:40] | and now there’s so many goddamn pieces, | 但现在线索太零碎 |
[1:40:42] | it’s like I got glass in my brain | 我脑中就像有许多碎玻璃 |
[1:40:44] | and I don’t even know what I’m after anymore. | 我都不知道接下来该怎么做 |
[1:40:48] | I’m sorry for lyin’ to you, | 很抱歉骗了你 |
[1:40:49] | but you gotta believe what I’m sayin’. | 但你得相信我说的话 |
[1:40:52] | You’re webbed up in this somehow, | 你已经被卷入了这件事 |
[1:40:53] | and you’re in danger. | 处境很危险 |
[1:40:55] | Can you stay around here today? | 你今天能待在家吗 |
[1:40:57] | Gabby’s expecting me. | 盖比和我约好了 |
[1:40:58] | We’re preparing our testimony. | 我们要准备证词 |
[1:40:59] | It’s important, but… | 这很重要 但是… |
[1:41:03] | I need to make arrangements. | 我还有事要安排 |
[1:41:06] | – A funeral. – Look, none of that matters, okay? | -操办葬礼 -这些都不重要 好吗 |
[1:41:08] | If I’m right, they’re gonna keep a tight lid on it | 如果我没说错 他们会严密封锁这件事 |
[1:41:10] | and they won’t even let the coroner’s office release his body. | 甚至不会让验尸所交出尸体 |
[1:41:11] | Just… Please. | 你就…拜托了 |
[1:41:14] | Get one of the guys from the club | 让酒吧的人 |
[1:41:15] | to take you down to work. | 送你去上班 |
[1:41:17] | Stay around people that you know for the next few days. | 接下来几天跟熟人待在一起 |
[1:41:20] | I’ll come and find you. | 我会去找你 |
[1:41:22] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[1:41:27] | Okay, okay. | 好了 好了 |
[1:41:28] | All right, all right, all right. Take it easy. | 好了 好了 别急 |
[1:41:31] | Jeez, they sent the pros today. | 天呐 今天他们派出了职业保镖 |
[1:41:32] | I must have… I must have hit a nerve. | 我一定戳到他们痛处了 |
[1:41:40] | 自治区桥梁局 | |
[1:41:51] | 自治局 纽约 | |
[1:41:56] | Jeez, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:42:02] | Hold this for me, will you, sweetheart? | 帮我拿着 好吗 亲爱的 |
[1:42:24] | You know who I am? | 你知道我是谁吗 |
[1:42:27] | I’ve been asking around about that. | 一直有人问我这个问题 |
[1:42:29] | Everyone seems to have a different answer, though. | 不过似乎每个人都有不同的答案 |
[1:42:32] | Spoken like a true snoop. | 语气真像一个私家侦探 |
[1:42:35] | Well, what’s your take on it? | 你有什么看法 |
[1:42:37] | Easy. | 放轻松 |
[1:42:40] | I’m a builder. | 我是一个建造者 |
[1:42:43] | Yeah, I can see that. | 我看得出来 |
[1:42:45] | When I was a boy, | 在我小时候 |
[1:42:47] | you know how many bridges | 你知道曼哈顿岛上 |
[1:42:48] | there were on and off Manhattan Island? Two. | 有多少座桥吗 两座 |
[1:42:51] | A shitty little train trestle here and the Brooklyn Bridge, | 一座破烂的火车栈桥和布鲁克林大桥 |
[1:42:53] | and when you crossed that, | 过桥时 |
[1:42:54] | you were stepping over manure much of the way. | 越过的大多是粪水 |
[1:42:56] | People mostly scuttled into New York off of docks, like rats. | 多数人像老鼠一样 从码头涌入纽约 |
[1:43:01] | I built that, and that… | 这个 这个 |
[1:43:04] | and that… | 这个. |
[1:43:05] | and that. | 还有这个都是我建的 |
[1:43:07] | And now, people vault over rivers | 现在 人们在横跨大桥时 |
[1:43:09] | on the spans and parkways of… | 跨过的是潺潺河流和奥林匹克的 |
[1:43:13] | – Olympus. – Olympic rat-man! | -花园大道 -奥林匹克鼠人 |
[1:43:15] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[1:43:17] | They’re some pretty bridges, I’ll give you that. | 桥很壮观 我承认 |
[1:43:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:43:20] | I want you to give me something else if you can find it. | 我想让你跟我说说你还有什么发现 |
[1:43:25] | Have you found it? | 你发现了吗 |
[1:43:26] | What’s in it? | 什么事 |
[1:43:27] | Slander, falsehood, | 诽谤 谎言 |
[1:43:29] | forgery, most likely. | 伪造 诸如此类 |
[1:43:31] | Well, then, the law’s on your side. | 有法律保护你 |
[1:43:32] | You got nothin’ to worry about. | 没什么好担心的 |
[1:43:33] | Very little I’ve achieved in my life has relied on legality. | 我这辈子的成就很少是依靠墨守法规而来的 |
[1:43:37] | I’m not about to lean on that slender branch now, | 当事关重大时 |
[1:43:40] | when things matter most. | 我不会仰仗法律那根纤弱细枝 |
[1:43:42] | So, you’re above the law? That it? | 所以你凌驾于法律之上 是吗 |
[1:43:44] | No. | 不 |
[1:43:45] | I’m just ahead of it. | 我只是走在法律前面 |
[1:43:47] | What’s the difference? | 有什么区别 |
[1:43:48] | Well, the law’s a rule book | 法律就是我们 |
[1:43:49] | we make for the times we find ourselves in. | 为所处时代编写的规则手册 |
[1:43:52] | You rebuild the city, in my experience, | 依我之见 当你重建这座城市时 |
[1:43:53] | the law will follow you and adapt to what you do. | 法律会跟随你 适应你 |
[1:43:56] | Yeah, a lot of people like the city the way it is. | 是啊 很多人喜欢这个城市原本的样子 |
[1:43:58] | Who you rebuildin’ it for? | 你是为谁而重建呢 |
[1:44:00] | The people to come. | 即将到来的人们 |
[1:44:03] | Fifty, 100 years from now, | 我们现在的什么成就 |
[1:44:05] | what will matter of what we’ve done now? | 能影响今后的五十年 一百年 |
[1:44:07] | What will help people to make science fiction real? | 什么能帮助人们让科幻成真 |
[1:44:11] | The laws of today? | 如今的法律 |
[1:44:13] | Or roads and bridges and tunnels | 还是让贸易快速流通的 |
[1:44:16] | for commerce to move swiftly over? | 公路 桥梁和隧道 |
[1:44:18] | Beaches and parks to let people | 让人们远离你死我活的竞争 |
[1:44:19] | escape the rat race and inspire the mind? | 启迪心灵的海滩和公园 |
[1:44:22] | Palaces of culture where hellish slums used to be? | 还是在曾经地狱般的贫民区建成的文化宫殿 |
[1:44:25] | It all sounds pretty grand, I guess, | 听起来似乎很伟大 |
[1:44:28] | unless you happen to be one of the people | 只不过正巧你家房子 |
[1:44:30] | whose house is in the way right now. | 现在没有挡着这些工程的道 |
[1:44:35] | Central Park, | 中央公园 |
[1:44:37] | the greatest urban park in the world. | 世界上最棒的城市公园 |
[1:44:38] | When they started work on that, | 开工的时候 |
[1:44:39] | there wasn’t even a city above 57th Street. | 五十七街上连座城市都没有 |
[1:44:42] | They kicked out farmers and tenant squatters, | 他们把农民 非法租户和放羊的 |
[1:44:46] | sheep-herders out of muddy fields and filth. | 赶出了泥泞的田地和污水 |
[1:44:49] | They moved a few trees. | 他们移走了几棵树 |
[1:44:51] | And people protested about the loss of the countryside. | 人们为失去乡村而抗议 |
[1:44:55] | And if one man hadn’t seen ahead to what we’d need, | 如果没人放眼未来 考虑人们以后的需求 |
[1:44:58] | this city would be unlivable, would it not? | 这座城市就不宜居住了 不是吗 |
[1:45:02] | Yes, it would. | 是的 |
[1:45:04] | Most people don’t even know Fred Olmsted’s name, | 多数人都没听说过弗雷德·奥姆斯特德 |
[1:45:07] | yet they should thank him every day. | 然而他们每天都应该感谢他 |
[1:45:11] | I do. | 我就是的 |
[1:45:19] | The important thing in this life is to get things done. | 人这辈子重要的是要有所作为 |
[1:45:22] | Those who can, build. Those who can’t, criticize. | 能者付诸行动 无能者只会批判 |
[1:45:26] | And I will not obstruct the great work of this world, | 我不会因为一些小小鼠辈 |
[1:45:28] | while some chipmunks are screeching | 尖叫着需要重新安置家里的坚果 |
[1:45:30] | about having to relocate their nuts. | 而阻碍这世上最伟大的工程 |
[1:45:31] | Screech a nut, munk-chip. | 尖叫坚果 鼠辈 |
[1:45:33] | Chip a munk’s love nuts, man. | 鼠辈喜欢坚果 |
[1:45:38] | I can’t control it, I’m sorry. | 我控制不住 抱歉 |
[1:45:40] | It’s all right. | 没关系 |
[1:45:43] | Talent and brains are rewarded in this building, Lionel. | 我们欣赏有才华有头脑的人 莱昂内尔 |
[1:45:46] | If you’re with us, I’ll see to it personally | 如果你加入我们 我向你保证 |
[1:45:49] | that your gifts are appreciated. | 你的天赋将会得到赏识 |
[1:45:54] | But that’s the offer today. | 但这个提议仅在今天有效 |
[1:45:58] | You let me know where you stand by tonight. | 今晚前告诉我你站哪边 |
[1:46:13] | It’s funny. We read it wrong. | 有意思 我们搞错了 |
[1:46:15] | How’s that? | 怎么回事 |
[1:46:16] | We didn’t make you for the ace in Minna’s deck. | 我们没想到你才是明纳手中的王牌 |
[1:46:18] | Ace-hole! | 王牌混球 |
[1:46:20] | Ace-hole! | 王牌混球 |
[1:46:28] | – You good? – No. | -你还好吗 -不好 |
[1:46:30] | Loosey, goosey, thread-head fuck! | 随随便便 死流氓 |
[1:46:32] | Jesus, Lionel. Calm down. | 我的天 莱昂内尔 别激动 |
[1:46:34] | It’s a missing piece, Danny. | 缺了一环 丹尼 |
[1:46:36] | It’s a missing piece and I can’t see it. | 缺了一环 我想不出 |
[1:46:37] | It’s makin’ my fuckin’ brain hurt. | 搞得我头疼 |
[1:46:54] | Where’s the rest? | 其它的呢 |
[1:46:55] | – Where’s the rest of these? – They’re in the desk, | -其它的照片在哪 -抽屉里 |
[1:46:56] | but those are the only ones with her in ’em. | 但只有那几张里有她 |
[1:46:58] | No, get ’em, get ’em, get ’em. | 不 去拿来 去拿来 |
[1:46:59] | These are all from before she arrived. | 这些都是她到之前拍的 |
[1:47:01] | There was ones of Billy. | 有几张有比利 |
[1:47:02] | – Yeah, look… – Shutterbug shit! | -是 看 -摄影迷狗屁 |
[1:47:04] | God. Jesus, Lionel. | 我的天 莱昂内尔 |
[1:47:06] | That’s her father, comin’ out of the door. | 那是她父亲走了出来 |
[1:47:08] | We saw all these. | 我们都看过了 |
[1:47:09] | That’s some bum hustlin’ for money. | 那是个要钱的乞丐 |
[1:47:11] | He yelled at him for a second, but she’s not in these. | 他对那乞丐喊了几句 但照片里没她 |
[1:47:15] | That son of a bitch! | 那个王八蛋 |
[1:47:17] | Where’s the car keys? | 车钥匙在哪 |
[1:47:19] | Coney and Tony got ’em both… | 科尼和托尼都开走… |
[1:47:20] | Wait, where… | 等等 你要… |
[1:47:22] | What’d I miss? | 什么情况 |
[1:47:26] | Where are we going? | 我们要去哪 |
[1:47:27] | I need you to look at something. | 我要给你看点东西 |
[1:47:30] | Who’s that with your father? | 和你父亲在一起的人是谁 |
[1:47:32] | – Where did you get… – Answer the question! | -你是从哪… -回答我 |
[1:47:33] | Do you know who that is? | 你知道这人是谁吗 |
[1:47:35] | Paul. | 保罗 |
[1:47:37] | Paul Morris. | 保罗·莫里斯 |
[1:47:37] | Paul, your uncle Paul, who got you this job. | 保罗 你叔叔保罗 给你这份工作的人 |
[1:47:40] | Don’t shine me. I already know who he is. | 别糊弄我了 我已经知道他是谁了 |
[1:47:42] | – My father… – Yeah, your father | -我父亲… -是 你父亲 |
[1:47:43] | and your uncle Paul, and my friend Frank, | 你叔叔保罗 还有我的朋友弗兰克 |
[1:47:44] | put all this together somehow. | 一起策划了这一出 |
[1:47:46] | – No… – Yes, God damn it! | -不… -就是的 该死 |
[1:47:47] | Just tell me what the hell is goin’ on. | 告诉我他到底在做什么 |
[1:47:48] | – No! – Are you involved in this or not? | -不 -你也有份吗 |
[1:47:50] | No, that’s not my father with my uncle Paul. | 不 这不是我父亲和我叔叔保罗 |
[1:47:52] | It’s my uncle Billy with my father, Paul. | 是我叔叔比利和我父亲保罗 |
[1:47:55] | Pull it farther! | 去你的父亲 |
[1:47:57] | What did you say? | 你刚说什么 |
[1:47:59] | Remember that picture of my mother? | 记得我母亲那张照片吗 |
[1:48:01] | Now look at Billy. Now look at me. | 再看看比利 再看看我 |
[1:48:04] | You see? | 明白了吗 |
[1:48:07] | The rest of the world might look past me without seeing, | 这世上其他人可能会忽略我的肤色 |
[1:48:09] | but I don’t. | 但我不会 |
[1:48:10] | – Wait, they told you this? – They never said so, | -等等 他们告诉你的 -他们没这么说过 |
[1:48:12] | but it doesn’t take much to put it together. | 但我没费多大力气就想明白了 |
[1:48:14] | Why else would he take such an interest in me? | 要不他怎么会对我这么感兴趣 |
[1:48:16] | Take care of me when Billy was in the war? | 在比利参战的时候照顾我 |
[1:48:18] | Pay for law school when he’s got nothin’? | 他一穷二白还出钱让我上法学院 |
[1:48:20] | Whoever he is, he’s using you now. | 无论他是谁 他现在都在利用你 |
[1:48:22] | He’s using you to get back at his own brother. | 他在利用你报复他的亲哥哥 |
[1:48:25] | I don’t think he’s got family. | 他好像没有家人吧 |
[1:48:26] | Yeah, look, his name’s not Morris, okay? | 听我说 他不姓莫里斯 好吧 |
[1:48:29] | It’s Randolph. | 他姓伦道夫 |
[1:48:30] | Moses Randolph is his brother. | 摩西·伦道夫是他哥哥 |
[1:48:32] | And he’s using you to blackmail him. | 而他在利用你敲诈他 |
[1:48:34] | – That’s not… – It is. It is, I’m sorry. | -不是… -是的 是的 抱歉 |
[1:48:37] | Just wait here, all right? | 在这里等着 好吗 |
[1:48:39] | Wait here until I get back. | 等我回来 |
[1:48:43] | That’s not possible! | 不可能 |
[1:48:50] | You know what that tells me? | 你知道我从这里知道了什么吗 |
[1:48:51] | That tells me you and Billy set this up | 我知道了你和比利与明纳一起 |
[1:48:52] | with Minna to blackmail your brother. | 设计了这一切 敲诈你哥哥 |
[1:48:54] | Where’d you get this? | 你这是哪来的 |
[1:48:54] | It’s you who figured out the scam they’re running. | 是你弄清楚了他们在搞什么阴谋 |
[1:48:56] | It’s you who found whatever it is they’re so scared of, | 是你发现了他们害怕的东西 |
[1:48:59] | but you made it look like it came from Laura | 但你伪装成了是劳拉与委员会 |
[1:49:00] | – and the committee… – No. | -发现的 -不 |
[1:49:01] | so you could hide behind her and Frank. | 这样你就可以躲在她和弗兰克身后 |
[1:49:02] | – That’s not true. – People are getting killed. | -不是那样的 -有人被杀了 |
[1:49:04] | – You got it wrong. – You got your own daughter’s life at risk… | -你搞错了 -你让你自己的女儿危在旦夕… |
[1:49:05] | You don’t… | 你不… |
[1:49:07] | You don’t know what you’re fucking talking about! | 你根本就不知道你在说什么 |
[1:49:11] | I could have sunk him so many times. | 我有过无数次机会击垮他 |
[1:49:15] | – He sunk me! – Sing a song of sunk men! | -他击垮了我 -垮掉的人唱首歌 |
[1:49:17] | – He sunk me! – Sing a song of sunk men! | -他击垮了我 -垮掉的人唱首歌 |
[1:49:19] | Hide behind her? | 躲在她身后 |
[1:49:22] | I gave up everything for her. | 我为她放弃了一切 |
[1:49:23] | Everything I could have accomplished my whole goddamn life. | 放弃了我这辈子功成名就的机会 |
[1:49:27] | That’s what happened between you and him? | 这就是你和他的矛盾吗 |
[1:49:29] | You were with her mother, | 你和她母亲好了 |
[1:49:30] | and he hates colored people so much… | 而就那么仇视有色人种… |
[1:49:31] | I will not discuss such things with you! | 我不要跟你讲这些 |
[1:49:36] | I knew you weren’t a reporter. | 我早知道你不是记者 |
[1:49:40] | Load of shit. | 满嘴胡话 |
[1:49:41] | You’re Minna’s guy. | 你是明纳的手下 |
[1:49:42] | Fuckin’ right. He was my friend. | 没错 他是我的朋友 |
[1:49:44] | I’m sorry, but it’s not me. | 抱歉 但不是我做的 |
[1:49:47] | Frank put it all together. | 是弗兰克密谋的 |
[1:49:48] | He and Billy thought they could get something out of it. | 他和比利认为可以从中捞一笔 |
[1:49:51] | Foolish greed. I tried to stop them. | 愚蠢的贪欲 我努力制止过他们 |
[1:49:54] | Told them that it would put her at risk, all of them. | 告诉他们会让她陷入危险 他们都会有危险 |
[1:49:58] | Now look, Frank gets killed, | 现在看吧 弗兰克被杀死了 |
[1:49:59] | Billy panics and calls me for help, | 比利慌了 找我帮忙 |
[1:50:01] | that’s your picture. | 你就是那个时候拍到了我们 |
[1:50:03] | You’re into something that you don’t understand. | 你陷入了一件你不能理解的事 |
[1:50:06] | If you just stand up to him, | 如果你像我之前那样 |
[1:50:08] | on principle, like I did… | 跟他对着干 |
[1:50:12] | he will ruin you for spite, | 他就会恶意中伤你 |
[1:50:14] | but if you threaten his work, | 但如果你威胁到他的工作 |
[1:50:17] | he will destroy you. | 他便会摧毁你 |
[1:50:19] | Destroy. | 摧毁 |
[1:50:22] | Find Minna’s file. | 找到明纳的文件 |
[1:50:24] | 车费 一元十分 | |
[1:50:34] | Frank. Frankly Frankady Franko. | 弗兰克 弗弗兰兰克克 |
[1:50:39] | What’s it all about, Frank? | 到底怎么回事 弗兰克 |
[1:50:47] | You remember what I said. | 记住我说的话 |
[1:50:58] | I gotta keep this under my hat, boys. | 这事我得保密[放在我的帽子下] 伙计们 |
[1:51:01] | Get my hat, you fucking… | 给我把帽子捡回来 傻逼 |
[1:51:03] | …kept her under my hat… | …保护她[放在我的帽子下] |
[1:51:04] | If! | 要是 |
[1:51:17] | Frank Frankly Frankady Franko. | 弗兰克 弗弗兰兰克克 |
[1:51:20] | Frank Frankly Frankady… | 弗兰克 弗弗兰兰… |
[1:51:25] | 宾夕法尼亚州车站 | |
[1:51:30] | Take me to Penn Station. | 去宾州车站 |
[1:52:39] | 机密 | |
[1:52:41] | – Look out! – No, no, no! | -小心 -不 不 不 |
[1:52:45] | 威尔逊酒店 雇员记录卡 | |
[1:52:48] | 威尔逊 摩西·伦道夫 | |
[1:52:52] | 10月8日 贝拉 一周后回来 期待见到你 | |
[1:52:54] | 期待 摩·伦 | |
[1:52:58] | 纽约州 标准出生证明 劳拉·罗丝 | |
[1:53:00] | 母亲 贝拉·罗丝 父亲 摩西·伦道夫 见证人 威廉·罗丝 | |
[1:53:04] | If! | 要是 |
[1:53:07] | 父亲 摩西·伦道夫 | |
[1:53:39] | 莱 这是给你的 弗 | |
[1:53:42] | 房契 | |
[1:53:59] | 定制帽子 | |
[1:54:15] | You found it? | 你找到了 |
[1:54:18] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:54:22] | There’s only one way I can make sense of that, though. | 但我只能想到一种解释 |
[1:54:26] | He didn’t sign that birth certificate, you did. | 签那份出生证明的不是他 是你 |
[1:54:31] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:54:35] | I signed it. | 是我签的 |
[1:54:38] | Billy brought her to our family home. | 比利带她去了我父母家 |
[1:54:41] | Our servants tried to send them away, | 我家佣人想要把他们打发走 |
[1:54:43] | but Billy started yelling. | 但比利开始吵闹 |
[1:54:44] | We were having dinner with our mother, for God’s sake. | 我们当时在和母亲吃晚餐 天啊 |
[1:54:48] | I followed Mo to the door. | 我跟着摩到了门口 |
[1:54:50] | He scorned them. | 他嘲笑了他们 |
[1:54:52] | Refused to acknowledge. | 拒绝承认 |
[1:54:54] | But I saw the truth on her face | 但我在她脸上看到了真相 |
[1:54:56] | and his, the way he looked at her. | 还有他 他看她那种眼神 |
[1:55:00] | – You confronted him about it? – I begged him! | -你找他理论了吗 -我苦苦哀求了他 |
[1:55:03] | I invoked every principle and value | 我引用了我们所接受的精英教育中的 |
[1:55:06] | that we had been raised to champion. | 所有原则和价值观 |
[1:55:09] | I was in anguish. | 我很痛苦 |
[1:55:12] | You can’t understand. | 你理解不了 |
[1:55:13] | Our whole young life, he was my hero. | 小时时 他一直是我的英雄 |
[1:55:16] | We wrote a creed. | 我们写下了一则信条 |
[1:55:18] | We were going to fix the world together. | 我们要一起改造世界 |
[1:55:21] | But to serve people, you have to love people. | 但要为人民服务 就得热爱人民 |
[1:55:24] | Mo tried, | 摩尽力了 |
[1:55:27] | but he was so brilliant, | 但他才华横溢 |
[1:55:29] | that he resented lesser minds | 看不惯那些不如他的人 |
[1:55:32] | and became hard. | 变得铁石心肠 |
[1:55:34] | Obsessed with winning, addicted to power, | 沉迷获胜 对权力上瘾 |
[1:55:38] | totally contemptuous of ideals. | 完全蔑视理想 |
[1:55:41] | This phony “man of the people.” | 这就是这个虚伪的”人民公仆” |
[1:55:45] | When someone isn’t seen for what they truly are, | 当一个人看不清自己的本性时 |
[1:55:49] | that’s a very dangerous thing. | 那就非常危险了 |
[1:55:53] | Nobody else knows who she is? | 没别人知道她是谁吗 |
[1:55:54] | – Not even Horowitz. – Why not tell her? | -霍洛维茨都不知道 -为什么不告诉她 |
[1:55:56] | ‘Cause she would have used it. | 因为她会利用这点 |
[1:55:58] | She would’ve used it to good effect, but… | 她会利用这事达到自己的目的 但是 |
[1:56:01] | that would have destroyed Laura totally. | 那就会把劳拉完全毁了 |
[1:56:06] | Satisfaction won’t unburden a tortured heart. | 达到目的并不能解放一颗备受折磨的心 |
[1:56:11] | So… | 所以 |
[1:56:14] | I can hold it. | 我可以保密 |
[1:56:16] | So can you. | 你也可以 |
[1:56:19] | Please. | 拜托了 |
[1:56:21] | Yeah. | 好 |
[1:56:31] | It’s all in a locker in Penn Station. | 全都在宾州车站的一个储物柜里 |
[1:56:35] | If anything happens to me, | 要是我出了什么事 |
[1:56:37] | – you send that to Jacob Gleason at the Post. – The Post? | -就把东西寄给《邮报》的杰各布·格里森 -《邮报》 |
[1:56:39] | He’ll know what to do with it. | 他知道怎么处理 |
[1:56:40] | The Post is a rag. | 《邮报》就是垃圾 |
[1:56:41] | Yeah, but the Times is in your brother’s pocket, too. | 是 但《时代周刊》也在你哥哥的控制之下 |
[1:56:46] | I gotta get her out of town before that vote. | 我要在投票之前把她送出城 |
[1:57:00] | What are you doin’ here, Tony? | 你在这里做什么 托尼 |
[1:57:01] | Watchin’ your back. | 帮你盯着点 |
[1:57:04] | Come on. | 别这样 |
[1:57:05] | What do you say we go get a drink? | 我们去喝一杯吧 |
[1:57:08] | If! Sorry. | 要是 抱歉 |
[1:57:10] | How’s the eye? | 眼睛怎么样了 |
[1:57:11] | Gonna hurt for a while. | 还得疼一阵子 |
[1:57:13] | How long you been following me? | 你跟踪我多久了 |
[1:57:14] | I wasn’t. | 我没有 |
[1:57:15] | They put me on his building, and I seen you come up. | 他们派我盯他住处 正好看见你出现了 |
[1:57:18] | “They”? | “他们” |
[1:57:19] | Yeah, let’s not bullshit each other, Lionel, okay? | 我们也别藏着掖着了 莱昂内尔 行吗 |
[1:57:20] | You been talkin’ to ’em, too. | 你也跟他们谈过了 |
[1:57:22] | Yeah, not workin’ for ’em. | 对 但没有为他们干活 |
[1:57:24] | I was gonna tell ya. | 我本来打算告诉你的 |
[1:57:25] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | -是吗 -没错 |
[1:57:27] | Okay. | 行吧 |
[1:57:28] | Was that you outside the club that night? | 那晚在酒吧外面的是你吗 |
[1:57:31] | I thought I saw someone in the alley | 我觉得那个地方的老板 |
[1:57:33] | when the owner of that place | 揍我 威胁我的时候 |
[1:57:34] | was roughin’ me up, makin’ threats. | 我看到了一个人 |
[1:57:36] | Did you tell ’em about that? | 你跟他们说了吗 |
[1:57:37] | They just pay me to keep tabs. | 他们就是雇我监视 |
[1:57:39] | So, that’s what I did. I keep tabs. | 我就干这个 监视 |
[1:57:40] | – What we do, we keep tabs. – If! If! | -我们就只负责监视 -要是 要是 |
[1:57:42] | T, he was bluffing. | 小托 他在虚张声势 |
[1:57:46] | He didn’t even have it, and they killed him for it. | 他东西都没拿到 他们就杀了他 |
[1:57:48] | But why try to figure it out, right? | 为什么非要追根究底呢 对吧 |
[1:57:49] | You’re just movin’ up. All right. | 向前看就好了 行吧 |
[1:57:51] | Sell it and tell it, letter man! | 卖了 说了 运动员 |
[1:57:53] | – Take it easy. – Tell it and sell it! | -别激动 -说了 卖了 |
[1:57:54] | Take it easy. Have a drink. | 别激动 喝点东西 |
[1:57:55] | Bring me a whiskey up. What are you drinkin’? | 给我来杯威士忌 你喝什么 |
[1:57:57] | – I’ll have a tea. – A tea? | -来杯茶 -茶 |
[1:57:58] | Very hot water with the teabag on the side. | 水烫一点 茶包放旁边 |
[1:58:00] | And milk and sugar on the side. Very hot, okay? | 牛奶和糖也放旁边 水要很烫 好吗 |
[1:58:03] | Hot tits on my milky tea face! | 奶茶脸上有爆乳 |
[1:58:05] | – Don’t pay him no mind, doll. – Sugar tits on my milk face! | -别理他 亲爱的 -奶脸上有大奶 |
[1:58:07] | Something wrong with his head. | 他脑子有点毛病 |
[1:58:10] | There’s nothin’ wrong with my head. | 我脑子才没毛病 |
[1:58:11] | Well, you could have fooled me. | 你本可以骗过我的 |
[1:58:15] | How long you been fucking Julia? | 你跟茱莉亚鬼混多久了 |
[1:58:18] | After all the things he did for you… | 他为你做了那么多 |
[1:58:22] | you couldn’t go find someone else to bang? | 你就不能找别人上床吗 |
[1:58:24] | Everybody gotta find their own way in this world, Lionel. | 每个人都要找到自己的生存之道 莱昂内尔 |
[1:58:28] | What, you think I was just gonna | 怎么 你以为我打算 |
[1:58:29] | stay in Frank’s shadow all my life? | 一辈子活在弗兰克的阴影下吗 |
[1:58:33] | Okay for you, not for me. | 你可以 我不行 |
[1:58:44] | Careful. | 小心点 |
[1:58:51] | Come on, can we just have a real drink here? | 别这样 能好好喝酒吗 |
[1:58:52] | I don’t wanna have a drink. | 我不想喝酒 |
[1:58:53] | Well, what’s the big fuckin’ deal, Lionel? He’s gone. | 有什么关系 莱昂内尔 他已经死了 |
[1:58:55] | Okay? There’s nothin’ we can do about it. | 好吗 我们也无力回天 |
[1:58:58] | We help ’em get what they want, | 我们帮他们达成目的 |
[1:59:00] | and we get on a new ride. | 就开始了新的旅程 |
[1:59:02] | An easier ride, maybe? | 也许这段旅程更轻松 |
[1:59:05] | What, after all we’ve been through, | 怎么 我们经历了这么多 |
[1:59:07] | after all we had to do to fuckin’ survive | 为了生存我们做了那么多 |
[1:59:09] | just growin’ up? | 就只是岁数变大吗 |
[1:59:10] | Come on. We’re due an easy gig. | 得了吧 我们就该过得轻松点 |
[1:59:12] | You, especially. | 尤其是你 |
[1:59:14] | Come on, I know you got a real talent. | 行了 我知道你真的很有天赋 |
[1:59:17] | I’ll make sure there’s a place for you. | 我会保证你有一席之地 |
[1:59:19] | Be real partners. | 成为真正的合伙人 |
[1:59:25] | Let’s talk about it after tomorrow, all right? | 我们明天之后再说行吗 |
[1:59:27] | I got somethin’ I gotta take care of. | 我还有点事要处理 |
[1:59:28] | Don’t go up to Harlem tonight, Freakshow. | 今晚别去哈林 怪胎 |
[1:59:30] | Stay out of it. | 别掺和 |
[1:59:32] | – What? – Just don’t do it. | -什么 -反正别掺和 |
[1:59:35] | See, I’m not so far out of the loop as you think. | 我没你想的那么不知情 |
[1:59:38] | We’re closin’ it up tonight. | 我们今晚要做个了结 |
[1:59:40] | No, no. Okay, listen to me. | 不 好吧 听我说 |
[1:59:42] | Just don’t get involved. | 你别牵扯进去 |
[1:59:42] | I found what they’re lookin’ for, all right? | 我找到他们在找的东西了 好吗 |
[1:59:44] | I got it! | 在我手上 |
[1:59:44] | It’s the last loose end. | 到了收尾工作了 |
[1:59:45] | No, no, no, you gotta call ’em, you gotta call ’em right now | 不不不 打给他们 现在就打给他们 |
[1:59:47] | – and tell ’em to call it off. – It’s already out of my hands. | -让他们取消行动 -这事我已经管不了了 |
[1:59:48] | Tony, I’ve got it. | 托尼 我拿到手了 |
[1:59:49] | Come on, let’s just have a drink. | 别这样 我们喝一杯 |
[1:59:51] | Fuck! | 该死 |
[2:00:05] | You son of a bitch! | 你个狗娘养的 |
[2:00:07] | I tried to help you. | 我是想帮你 |
[2:00:32] | – Come on! – Committee on Housing. | -快点接 -住房委员会 |
[2:00:33] | Can I speak to Laura Rose, please? | 能让劳拉·罗丝接电话吗 |
[2:00:34] | I’m sorry, she’s gone for the day. | 抱歉 她已经下班了 |
[2:00:36] | – What? – She went home. | -什么 -她回家了 |
[2:00:36] | – She wasn’t feeling well. – When’d she go? | -她身体不舒服 -她什么时候走的 |
[2:00:38] | – When? – I’m sorry, who is this? | -什么时候 -抱歉 请问您是 |
[2:00:39] | When? | 什么时候 |
[2:00:40] | About 15 minutes ago. | 大概十五分钟前 |
[2:01:02] | Take me to Harlem! Step on it! I got money! | 带我去哈林 开快点 我有钱 |
[2:01:05] | 149th and St. Nicholas! | 149号街和圣尼古拉斯街路口 |
[2:01:19] | If! Oh, shit. | 要是 该死 |
[2:01:46] | No, no, come on, run it, run it! I got money! | 不 快点 快点开 快点开 我有钱 |
[2:01:48] | If! If! If! | 要是 要是 |
[2:01:51] | Train’s going out of service. | 列车故障 |
[2:01:53] | It will not proceed beyond this station. | 停靠本站后将停止发车 |
[2:01:58] | Now, you… Go across 141st. | 现在穿过141号街 |
[2:02:03] | Yeah, up St. Nic’s, up St. Nic’s. | 对 顺着圣尼古拉斯街 |
[2:02:12] | Stop, stop, stop! Stop right here! | 停停停 就在这里 |
[2:02:15] | Laura! | 劳拉 |
[2:02:16] | Shit. | 该死 |
[2:02:24] | Son of a bitch. | 狗娘养的 |
[2:02:48] | Laura. | 劳拉 |
[2:02:50] | What are you doing… | 你在这… |
[2:03:04] | Come on. | 过来 |
[2:03:06] | Come on. | 过来 |
[2:03:33] | No, no, not down there. They’re down there. | 不 别下去 他们在下面 |
[2:03:43] | Go up, go up. | 上去 上去 |
[2:03:45] | They’re goin’ up! | 他们要上去 |
[2:04:02] | No! No! | 不 不要 |
[2:04:19] | Go, go, go! | 走 快走 |
[2:04:37] | Come here. You all right? | 过来 你还好吗 |
[2:04:39] | – We gotta go. – Okay. | -我们得走了 -好 |
[2:04:54] | If! | 要是 |
[2:04:58] | She doesn’t know! She doesn’t know. | 她不知道 她不知道 |
[2:05:01] | Makes no difference one way or the other. | 知不知道也无所谓了 |
[2:05:04] | But I found what he’s looking for. Just tell him. | 但我找到他找的东西了 你告诉他 |
[2:05:06] | Tell him I got it. | 告诉他我找到了 |
[2:05:07] | No, no, no. That offer expired. | 不 不 不 那个提议过期了 |
[2:05:11] | And they told me you were smart. | 他们还说你很聪明 |
[2:05:15] | Motherfucker. | 混蛋 |
[2:05:19] | Smoked my best horn. | 废了我最好的号 |
[2:05:27] | No, I want to see him alone. | 不 我要单独见他 |
[2:05:29] | Yes, right now. | 对 就现在 |
[2:05:32] | Let me tell you something. You try anything funny, | 你给我听着 要是你想耍什么花样 |
[2:05:34] | and tomorrow’s gonna be the worst day | 明天一定会 |
[2:05:35] | that you’ve had in a long time, | 让你痛苦很久 |
[2:05:36] | you understand? | 听懂没有 |
[2:05:48] | Do you know where that is? | 你知道这里吗 |
[2:05:50] | I heard of it. | 我听说过 |
[2:05:52] | Think you can get her out there tonight? | 你今晚能送她去这里吗 |
[2:05:56] | I always did enjoy a night drive. | 我一向喜欢开夜车 |
[2:06:06] | Go with them, okay? | 跟他们走 好吗 |
[2:06:08] | You’ll be safe. | 你会很安全的 |
[2:06:10] | I’ll come in the morning. | 我一早就过来 |
[2:06:13] | What don’t I know? | 什么事我不知道 |
[2:06:16] | It wasn’t the story she wanted to hear. | 那不是她想听的故事 |
[2:06:19] | No good was gonna come from tellin’ it, | 就算说了也没有好处 |
[2:06:20] | so I wanted to say, “It doesn’t matter. | 所以我想说 “无关紧要” |
[2:06:23] | It’s got nothin’ to do with you.” | “跟你没什么关系” |
[2:06:24] | But there’s no upside in lyin’ to a woman | 但是对一个比你聪明的女人撒谎 |
[2:06:26] | who’s smarter than you, | 也没有什么好处 |
[2:06:27] | so, I told her the truth. | 所以我告诉了她真相 |
[2:06:31] | Frank told me once, | 弗兰克告诉过我一次 |
[2:06:32] | if you’re up against someone bigger than you, | 如果你要对付一个比你强 |
[2:06:34] | someone you can’t beat toe to toe, | 不能跟他硬碰硬的人 |
[2:06:36] | make ’em think you respect their size | 让他们以为你顾忌他们的块头 |
[2:06:38] | and then cut a deal that lets you walk out in one piece. | 然后达成协议 让自己全身而退 |
[2:06:41] | Then figure out a way to stick it to ’em later | 然后再想出一个杀人不见血的办法 |
[2:06:43] | without leaving your prints on the knife. | 给他们来个狠狠一击 |
[2:06:47] | Even walkin’ in there, | 虽然我已经走了进去 |
[2:06:48] | I wasn’t exactly sure how to play it. | 却还是不确定要怎么出招 |
[2:06:50] | I was just hoping, in all that steam, | 只希望在这热气中 |
[2:06:52] | he wouldn’t see me sweat. | 他看不出来我在流汗 |
[2:06:59] | If! | 要是 |
[2:07:09] | Who’s the fucking boss now, Bailey? | 现在谁他妈是老大 贝利 |
[2:07:11] | Who’s the boss? | 谁是老大 |
[2:07:13] | So, what is it with you? | 你是有什么毛病 |
[2:07:15] | I told you I can’t control it. | 我说过我控制不了 |
[2:07:16] | Didn’t your goons fuckin’ fill you in already? | 你的手下难道没跟你说吗 |
[2:07:18] | I don’t care about your fuckin’ affliction. | 我才不管你的疾苦 |
[2:07:19] | What’s your angle with this? | 你在打什么主意 |
[2:07:20] | What do you want for that file? | 你想用那份文件做什么 |
[2:07:22] | I wanna hear your side of what’s in it. | 我想听听你对那份文件的看法 |
[2:07:24] | Why? | 为什么 |
[2:07:25] | Let’s just say an unfinished puzzle makes my head hurt. | 这么说吧 解不开谜团让我头疼 |
[2:07:28] | All right? More than most people. | 行吗 比大多数人都更头疼 |
[2:07:29] | I smooth it out for your pain-in-the-ass brain, | 我来帮你那讨人厌的脑子把事情捋清楚 |
[2:07:31] | we’re puttin’ this to bed tonight? | 今晚就说开了行吗 |
[2:07:33] | Yeah, it’s your best shot. | 好 机不可失时不再来 |
[2:07:44] | I was young. | 我当时年轻气盛 |
[2:07:46] | I was the “get things done” man | 我是那个办实事的人 |
[2:07:47] | for the greatest governor in the history of this state. | 为纽约州历史上最伟大的州长效力 |
[2:07:50] | We had a party. | 我们有个党派 |
[2:07:52] | It was the good times, before the Crash. | 在股灾前发展如日中天 |
[2:07:53] | The Tammany parties were like nothing before or since. | 坦慕尼派在当时可谓前无古人后无来者 |
[2:07:56] | We had a whole fuckin’ hotel. | 我们有一整家酒店作为据点 |
[2:08:01] | I saw her there, working. | 我遇见了在那里工作的她 |
[2:08:04] | She was… | 她… |
[2:08:07] | I’d never felt lust like that before. | 我从未像那样欲火焚身过 |
[2:08:11] | Twenty-five years later, I think about her, | 即便是25年后 我还是忘不了她 |
[2:08:12] | it still makes my blood move. | 还是会为她血脉偾张 |
[2:08:16] | I followed her into a service hallway. | 我跟着她进了员工走廊 |
[2:08:19] | She knew I had. | 她知道我在跟踪她 |
[2:08:20] | She looked back. | 她回头看了 |
[2:08:22] | She went into a supply room. I went in. | 她进了储物间 我也尾随进去 |
[2:08:25] | I took her against the spare towels. | 我把她压倒在备用毛巾上 |
[2:08:29] | You raped her. | 你强奸了她 |
[2:08:32] | I moved on her that first time, | 一开始是我对她不轨 |
[2:08:33] | but I treated her well, bought her things. | 但我待她不薄 给她买各种东西 |
[2:08:37] | Saw to it that the Party used that hotel lots for a few years. | 让党派继续用那家酒店好几年时间 |
[2:08:41] | She could have disappeared any time, | 她随时都可以走人 |
[2:08:43] | stopped working there, but she didn’t. | 选择辞职 但她没有 |
[2:08:49] | She was shy, but she knew how things worked, | 她是很腼腆 但她识大局 |
[2:08:50] | and she was always grateful. | 而且总是心存感激 |
[2:08:51] | Rape? | 强奸 |
[2:08:53] | Do you have the first inkling how power works? | 你到底知不知道手握大权的滋味 |
[2:08:58] | Power is feeling, knowing, | 权力可以蒙蔽感情和理智 |
[2:09:01] | that you can do whatever you want, | 让人觉得你可以为所欲为 |
[2:09:02] | and not one fuckin’ person can stop you. | 而且无人能挡 |
[2:09:05] | And if someone else has a dumb idea that you don’t like, | 如果有人提了你不喜欢的馊主意 |
[2:09:08] | well, that’s the end of that idea, | 那这个点子就废了 |
[2:09:09] | or the end of that person, if you want. | 要是你想 把那个人废了也行 |
[2:09:12] | And if I wanna build highways | 只要我打算修公路 |
[2:09:14] | while the rest of the country is broke, | 哪怕全国其他地方入不敷出 |
[2:09:16] | I’ll punch through any damn neighborhood I want. | 我也能打穿任意一片居民区 |
[2:09:19] | If some Negro slum is where I’m going to put my federal project, | 只要我愿意把我的联邦项目或是桥梁匝道 |
[2:09:23] | or the off ramp of my bridge, | 建在某个黑人贫民区 |
[2:09:24] | well, the goodie-goods can shriek and moan all day long. | 那些伪君子大可整天尖叫哀嚎 |
[2:09:26] | And if some chump wants to blackjack me, | 要是有蠢货想胁迫我 |
[2:09:28] | threatening to move our baseball team, | 威胁我们让棒球队挪地 |
[2:09:30] | well, buddy, | 那兄弟 |
[2:09:31] | the Dodgers can take it on the arches to the fucking coast. | 道奇队可以给我滚到海边打棒球去 |
[2:09:34] | I’ll find another team that will play ball with me | 我可以另找一个愿意在我的体育场 |
[2:09:36] | in my stadium. | 跟我打球的球队 |
[2:09:39] | And if I want to fuck some colored girl | 而且我要是时不时地 |
[2:09:41] | in a hotel room now and then, | 想在酒店开房上个黑人姑娘 |
[2:09:42] | because I’m feeling like a wrecking ball, | 就因为我性致来了 |
[2:09:44] | then, pal, I’m gonna do it. | 那哥们 我就会直接开干 |
[2:09:48] | And if you think I’m gonna let some | 你要是以为 |
[2:09:50] | chip who never should have been born, | 就凭某个不该出生的无名鼠辈 |
[2:09:53] | or your small-time boss, or my brother with his ideals | 你的小老板 或者是我那个喜欢空谈理想 |
[2:09:56] | and his forgeries in my name | 伪造我的签名的弟弟 |
[2:09:58] | slow down the work I’m getting done in this city, | 就能拉低我在这座城市办事的效率 |
[2:10:01] | then you’ve got a lot to learn about how power works. | 那你还得好好学学权力是怎么运作的 |
[2:10:04] | Because those people are invisible. | 因为这些人不过是蝼蚁 |
[2:10:06] | They don’t exist. | 对我来说根本不存在 |
[2:10:09] | See if you feel that way tomorrow after your big vote. | 等你明天的大选结束看你还会不会这么想 |
[2:10:18] | She know? | 她知道了 |
[2:10:24] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[2:10:26] | So, it’s you and Paul? | 这么说是你和保罗干的 |
[2:10:28] | Well, I know what he wants. | 我知道他在打什么算盘 |
[2:10:29] | If he had any balls, he would have used it | 他要是稍微有点胆量 早就该利用这点 |
[2:10:31] | before to box me in and take it from me, | 来限制我的手脚 夺走我的一切 |
[2:10:32] | which I would have respected, actually, | 这样我反而还会尊重他 |
[2:10:34] | but he thinks the way that you do things matter, | 但他顾及你的做事方式 |
[2:10:37] | which is why he’ll never be anybody. | 这也是为什么他永远都成不了大器 |
[2:10:41] | You an idealist, too? | 你也是个理想主义者吗 |
[2:10:44] | You wanna trade that file to save the block you grew up on? | 你想用那份文件拯救你出生长大的街区 |
[2:10:48] | Make me move my lines for some | 让我做出让步 就因为某些 |
[2:10:49] | committee of childless women, | 没孩子的女人组建的委员会 |
[2:10:51] | howling about their Negro adoptees? | 在为她们的黑人养子大呼疾苦 |
[2:10:54] | Or are you just another blackmailing gumshoe | 还是说你其实也是个想敲诈我的侦探 |
[2:10:56] | who wants to transact with me? | 想从我这里捞一笔 |
[2:10:59] | Come on, name it! | 来吧 说啊 |
[2:11:01] | Name it, claim it, shame it! | 说啊 宣布啊 可耻啊 |
[2:11:07] | That gumshoe was my friend, | 那侦探是我的朋友 |
[2:11:09] | and the girl’s the only reason you’re still breathin’. | 那姑娘是你还活着的唯一理由 |
[2:11:13] | Do whatever you want to this city, | 你怎么操纵这座城市我管不着 |
[2:11:15] | go build your pyramids on the Nile, | 你去尼罗河建金字塔都行 |
[2:11:17] | just leave her alone. | 只要你别招惹她 |
[2:11:19] | Anything happens to her, I mail it. | 她要是有任何不测 我就寄出去曝光你 |
[2:11:22] | That’s it. | 就这样 |
[2:11:24] | That’s all of it. | 没有商量余地 |
[2:11:31] | Let me make something clear. | 我把话说清楚 |
[2:11:32] | If you or my brother messes with what I intend to do, | 如果你和我弟想坏我的事 |
[2:11:35] | I’ll make her life worse than I’ve already made his. | 我会让她的日子比他的更不好过 |
[2:11:38] | You tell him I said that. | 你把我的话转告给他 |
[2:11:46] | Well, I guess we got a deal, then. | 看来我们达成协议了 |
[2:11:50] | So, I’ll give you one for free. | 那我就免费送你个情报 |
[2:11:53] | Your man, Lieberman, | 你的人 利伯曼 |
[2:11:54] | is gonna cause you some problems. | 会给你惹麻烦 |
[2:11:58] | How so? | 怎讲 |
[2:12:00] | He owns a piece of half the companies | 跟贫民区清除项目签订合同的公司里 |
[2:12:01] | doin’ contracts with slum clearance. | 有一半都是他的 |
[2:12:03] | I’m guessin’ he hasn’t told you about that. | 他应该没跟你说吧 |
[2:12:06] | So, when you handle him, | 所以你解决他的时候 |
[2:12:08] | tell him I told you, and that’s for Frank. | 说是我告诉你的 算是为弗兰克报仇 |
[2:12:11] | Son of a bitch. | 这王八蛋 |
[2:12:18] | You come off weird, but you’re smart. | 你虽然人很怪 但还是挺聪明的 |
[2:12:22] | You should have taken my offer. | 你应该接受我的提议 |
[2:12:25] | Could have made them all get on their knees and apologize. | 本可以让他们都跪下道歉 |
[2:12:29] | But if she’s anything like her mother, | 但如果她像她的母亲 |
[2:12:31] | I understand the pull. | 我懂你为何为她痴迷 |
[2:12:35] | Right. | 行吧 |
[2:12:37] | One more thing. | 还有一件事 |
[2:12:40] | Tell my brother I read his masterwork. | 告诉我弟 我看了他的杰作 |
[2:12:42] | It’s as brilliant as everyone says. | 如人所说确实很优秀 |
[2:12:44] | Nobody could have done it better, | 不会有人做得比他更好 |
[2:12:45] | and it’s good for everyone, including me. | 这对大家都有好处 包括我在内 |
[2:12:47] | There’s not a reason in the world to deny it. | 我完全没有理由拒绝 |
[2:12:50] | Tell him I’ll give him my thoughts in the morning. | 告诉他我明早会告诉他结果 |
[2:12:55] | If! | 要是 |
[2:13:04] | Son of a bitch! | 操他妈的 |
[2:13:50] | 拒绝 | |
[2:13:59] | 定制帽店 | |
[2:14:11] | Growin’ up, I always thought Frank was a hero. | 从小到大 我一直视弗兰克为英雄 |
[2:14:14] | But he was no crusader in the end. | 但他终究不是个正义斗士 |
[2:14:17] | He was just a gumshoe | 他和其他人一样 |
[2:14:18] | tryin’ to make a buck like everyone else. | 只是个想混口饭吃的普通侦探 |
[2:14:20] | But he didn’t have to go to that war. | 但他大可不必卷入那场战争 |
[2:14:22] | He was old enough to have skipped it, | 他年纪大了 不用去打仗 |
[2:14:24] | and he went, anyway, ’cause he actually thought | 但他还是义无反顾 只因内心相信 |
[2:14:25] | this country was worth fighting for. | 这个国家值得为之奋斗 |
[2:14:29] | I never had anything I cared about enough | 从来没有什么东西能让我重视到 |
[2:14:30] | to look past my own problems, but Laura did. | 去接受自己的不足 但劳拉有 |
[2:14:34] | There was a story she wanted told | 她有个故事要说 |
[2:14:35] | and I figured it was time | 我想也是时候 |
[2:14:37] | to get off my ass and pick a side. | 行动起来表明立场 |
[2:14:39] | Hey, Gleason, for you. | 格里森 给你的 |
[2:14:42] | Hey, pal, I’m new to this beat. | 哥们 我刚来跑这条新闻 |
[2:14:43] | What’s the story here? | 这是什么情况 |
[2:14:44] | Stories of injustice and despair, | 报道一些不公正与绝望 |
[2:14:45] | 报道不公正与绝望 还是报道真正的记者心中的好新闻 | |
[2:14:46] | and back to business as usual. | 然后一切照旧 |
[2:14:48] | The American way. | 经典的美国主义 |
[2:14:49] | 做点有趣的事吧 一位朋友 | |
[2:14:54] | 谢谢你借我的记者证 | |
[2:14:59] | 作为回报 送你个普利策奖 | |
[2:15:04] | 高层与股东 威廉·M·利伯曼 | |
[2:15:36] | Are you crazy? It’s freezin’ out. | 你疯了吗 外面冻死了 |
[2:15:51] | What is this place? | 这是什么地方 |
[2:15:55] | It was Frank’s. | 弗兰克的房子 |
[2:16:01] | And looks like it’s mine now. | 现在好像归我了 |
[2:16:10] | 房契 纽约国王郡 弗兰克·明纳 | |
[2:16:15] | Still lookin’ out for you, after all. | 他到现在都在照顾你 |
[2:16:22] | Funny how things turn out. | 不敢相信居然发生了这么多事 |
[2:16:26] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[2:16:30] | “Brooklyn’s big… | “布鲁克林是很大 |
[2:16:34] | Brooklyn’s big, but there’s things even bigger.” | 布鲁克林是很大 但还有更大的东西” |
[2:16:38] | What’s that? | 什么意思 |
[2:16:41] | I think it’s something Frank said to me, but I… | 应该是弗兰克对我说过的话 不过… |
[2:16:44] | I can’t remember when. | 我不记得是什么时候了 |
[2:16:53] | Maybe this is what he meant. | 他说的可能就是这个吧 |
[2:16:57] | If! | 要是 |
[2:16:59] | If! | 要是 |
[2:17:19] | 编剧 导演 爱德华·诺顿 | |
[2:17:24] | 原作小说作者 乔纳森·勒瑟姆 |