英文名称:More Than a Game
年代:2008
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:54] | Basketball is a vehicle. | 篮球是一种工具 |
[00:57] | It’s not the end all of the be all. | 它不是终点 |
[00:59] | It’s a vehicle to get you from point A to point B. | 而是一种工具,带你从A点到达B点 |
[01:05] | Use basketball, don’t let it use you. | 利用篮球,而不是让它反过来利用你 |
[01:18] | Here at Value City Arena, | 这里是Value City球馆 |
[01:21] | they’ve taken on all comers all season long. | 整个赛季,他们都在这迎战对手 |
[01:24] | They’ve played in New Jersey and North Carolina. | 他们去过新泽西州和北卡罗来纳州打球 |
[01:26] | A national schedule. Number-one team in the country. | 他们是全国排名第一的球队 |
[01:30] | You know, you certainly think that this team | 我们有理由相信,他们已经能比肩高中史上的那些传奇球队了 |
[01:32] | has put themselves right up there with the great Middletown teams, | |
[01:35] | the Cleveland St. Jo teams, the East teams, Wehrle, all of those. | |
[01:40] | Let me just say to all of you in attendance today, | 致今天所有的到场者 |
[01:44] | you are part of the largest crowd ever to witness | 你们是俄亥俄州高中联赛到场人数之最这一纪录的一份子 |
[01:47] | a championship game in the history of Ohio. | |
[01:53] | James, Joyce, Cotton and McGee have all been here four consecutive years. | James、Joyce、Cotton和McGee努力已久为的就是这个 他们已经赢得了100场比赛 希望在这里取得第三个冠军 |
[01:59] | They’ve all won 100 games trying to become a three-time winner with this group. | [2003年 全国冠军总决赛 赛前20分钟] |
[02:12] | You have a chance to go down as the greatest team | 我们有机会成为史上最强的高中篮球队 |
[02:14] | in high-school basketball history. | |
[02:17] | You know, that’s gonna be around here long after you guys are gone. | 那会是我们现在能取得的最高荣誉 |
[02:21] | You’ve taken it full circle, fellas. | 小伙子们,让我们画上一个圆满的句号吧 |
[02:24] | This all started in a little gym with a linoleum floor on Maple Street, | 故事始于枫树街上一个属于救世军的没地板的体育馆 |
[02:30] | at The Salvation Army. | |
[02:32] | All the travel we’ve done, | 从你们11岁开始,我们一路走过无数的历程 |
[02:33] | from the time you guys were 11 years old, all the way across the country, through high school, all the way to culminate, | 我们东奔西跑,慢慢成长 |
[02:40] | when that bus pulls up tomorrow, where at? On Maple Street. | 明天,让我们再梦回枫叶街吧 |
[02:46] | And the only question right now is, | 现在唯一的问题就是 |
[02:48] | “Do you get off that bus tomorrow victorious?” | 你们是否准备好拿下明天的胜利 |
[02:57] | All right, let’s go. | 很好,加油 |
[03:13] | So, here we go. The championship game in Division II. | 比赛马上开始! 二级联赛的冠军争夺战 |
[03:17] | St. Vincent-St. Mary’s with a national championship on the line. | St.V-St.M高中将为全国冠军而战 不只是一场比赛 |
[04:12] | Growing up, I had one coach who I looked up to a lot. | 在我的成长过程中,有一名我非常尊敬的教练 |
[04:18] | I learned a lot from him, and I just thought that he was someone that, | 我向他学习了很多 |
[04:21] | you know, I could model my life after. | 我觉得他就是我以后生活的楷模 |
[04:26] | Coming out of college, I got caught up in corporate America | 但大学毕业后 我就被工作生活拖累住 |
[04:30] | and really lost my dream of becoming a coach. | 想成为教练的梦想破灭了 |
[04:35] | It’s kind of always a delicate situation. | 这是一种微妙的情况 |
[04:37] | You know, you don’t want to live your dream through your child, | 你不能强迫下一代去延续自己的梦想 |
[04:40] | but you want to have them enjoy the things that you have enjoyed. | 不过可以让他们来享受自己享受过的事情 |
[04:45] | Myself and some of the brothers from our church, | 我和我一个教区的兄弟 |
[04:47] | we would go every Saturday morning and have pickup basketball. | 每个星期六的早上都会去打球 |
[04:51] | Dru was there and you could just see that he had a love for the game. | Dru也在那里 可以看出来他也喜欢这项运动 |
[04:55] | I was one of those parents who just came to every practice that I could come to, | 我是那些经常来看儿女训练的父母之一 |
[04:59] | and so the parents just asked me, “Why don’t you coach the team?” | 然后有些父母提议 “你来执教这支球队不好吗?” |
[05:02] | So I jumped at the opportunity. | 我便抓住了这个机会 |
[05:08] | I can remember having a conversation with a gentleman in my church, | 我还记得我和教区里的一位先生讲 |
[05:11] | telling him that I was about to coach this travel basketball team, | 告诉他我想执教这支球队 |
[05:15] | and he happened to be on the board of The Salvation Army | 他恰好是救世军组织的一名董事 |
[05:17] | and he said he could arrange a place for us to practice, so… | 他说尽量给我们球队安排训练场地 |
[05:22] | This is where it started. This is where we came together as a team. | 所以,这里就是我们开始的地方 这里是我们走到一起成为一支球队的地方 |
[05:31] | Basketball was just so much fun. | 篮球对我来说意味着太多 |
[05:33] | It was a whole new world. That was my playground. | 对我来说就是世界的全部 |
[05:35] | I mean, I looked forward to going to the basketball court. | 那就是我的游乐场 我向往着来到篮球场 |
[05:39] | Dru was kind of a hothead. | Dru是一个好强的家伙 |
[05:42] | When he was young, five, I’d have to play until I let him win. | 他还小的时候 和我打球总是要打到赢为止 |
[05:46] | You know, I mean, that’s just who he was. | 他就是这样的一个人 |
[05:49] | We would play 10 games of one-on-one. I’m like, “Hey, I gotta beat you. | 如果我们打十场一对一比赛 我一定要打败对手 |
[05:54] | “I’m not leaving till I win.” | 当我离开的时候我一定会赢得比赛 |
[05:57] | We had trouble keeping players on the team, and I knew a very good player | 把球员留在队上对我们来说都成问题 不过我认识一个非常有天赋的球员 |
[06:01] | and his name happened to be LeBron James. | 他的名字就是LeBron James |
[06:05] | He let us know that we were gonna be traveling across the United States | 教练告诉我们要到处旅行打比赛 |
[06:08] | to play the game of basketball, | |
[06:09] | which, at that point, I was starting to get a love for. | 就在那个时候我爱上了篮球 |
[06:12] | I remember he was real flashy. | 我记得刚见到他速度非常的快 |
[06:14] | He came to practice, he was throwing no-Iook passes. | 训练的时候他能轻松传出不看人传球 |
[06:19] | He and his mom had some tough early years, | 他和老妈早年的生活很艰辛 |
[06:21] | and when I met him, you would never know that about him. | 我和他见面的时候 他连篮球都不知道是什么 |
[06:27] | I’m seeing Dru come out of church school this one day, | 我是Sian 一天我见到Dru和Sian一起放学回家 |
[06:29] | and I’m thinking, “Hey, this is a big kid.” | 就感叹,这小子块头真大 |
[06:32] | He came to my dad and wanted to know if I would play for his AAU team | 他就像我的老爸 |
[06:36] | that he was starting up. | 我告诉他我想成为球队的首发 |
[06:38] | My dad was real good. Everywhere we’d go, people would know him around Akron. | 我的老爸非常的好 不论我们到哪里 他们都知道我们是来自Akron的 |
[06:42] | I kind of set out to be better than him. | 我想要成为比他还要好的人 |
[06:46] | Sian wasn’t very good. He was big, but he wasn’t very good. | Sian原来打球并不好 他的块头很大 但是打球确实不好 |
[06:50] | He was definitely the biggest kid on our team, | 他绝对是我们队块头最大的 |
[06:52] | so we had to use him for something. | 所以我们让他担任球队的中锋 |
[06:56] | Willie was the best player in the city, | Willie是这个城市中最好的球员 |
[06:58] | and we wanted him to be a part of our team. | 我们都想要他成为我们球队的一部分 |
[07:01] | Coach Dru called and asked my brother how my grades were | Dru教练问我哥哥我能否加入他的球队 |
[07:03] | and things like that, and if I considered playing on his team. | |
[07:07] | I remember Willie being real shy. He didn’t really say too much. | 我记得Willie是一个很害羞的男孩 他很少说话 |
[07:11] | He had some different life experiences that maybe grown him up a little bit more. | 他有着和别人不一样的经历 让他比他人成长的更快 |
[07:16] | He was just a little bit more mature than the other guys. | 所以他比别人成熟一点 |
[07:20] | He was like the grandfather of it all. | 他就像你的外公什么人似的老成 |
[07:25] | We just started traveling. | 我们就这样开始旅行 |
[07:27] | We started playing different tournaments throughout Ohio. | 开始在俄亥俄州的各个锦标赛中比赛 |
[07:30] | Some of the close states. Ohio, West Virginia. | 还有一些俄亥俄附近的一些地方,比如西弗吉尼亚 |
[07:42] | We had a natural feel for each other. I’m not sure what it was. | 我们之间有一种天然的感觉 我不确定那是什么感觉 |
[07:46] | I guess it was just meant to be, but we had a chemistry for each other. | 不过我们就是有那种联系 有那种良好的化学反应 |
[07:55] | Got to the point where we were winning pretty much all the time. | 我们逐渐变成一支常胜之师 |
[08:02] | It was basketball, but it was more friendship than anything. | 这里有篮球 不过这里友谊胜过一切 |
[08:07] | We were all kind of, like, strangers, and we really bonded. | 我们之间不再像陌生人那样 我们紧密相连 |
[08:12] | I wanted to finally have some brothers that I could be loyal to and be trustworthy, | 我想找到一群可以信赖的兄弟 |
[08:16] | and I think we all kind of shared that bond. | 而他们就是我要找的那种羁绊 |
[08:19] | I actually remember being over at LeBron’s house one night, | 记得那时候 我经常是在LeBron的家待一晚 |
[08:21] | and he was just talking, like, | 一聊就是一整晚 |
[08:22] | “You and I are good friends, you know what I’m saying?” | 一聊就是一整晚 |
[08:24] | It was weird for me, for somebody to express themselves to me, | 我和别人相互倾诉的时候很少 |
[08:27] | including another dude, another boy, to me like that, you know what I mean? | 我不可能再有这样的好朋友了 |
[08:31] | Like, they were more giving. They were more accepting. | 我们之间相互给予,相互学习 |
[08:33] | It just got more comfortable. | 我们彼此得到了很多的东西 |
[08:36] | The Fab 4, that was like our identity. | 我们是“F4” |
[08:41] | We spent the night at each other’s houses every weekend. | 每个周末我们都会一起在一个人家里住 |
[08:44] | I’d look down in the rec room and there would be just bodies down there. | 我朝地板看去,躺满了人 |
[08:47] | I wouldn’t know who was in there. | 我都不知道躺在那里的是谁 |
[08:49] | It was like the team was like a family. You play your heart out for your family. | 我们的球队就像一个家庭 你会全心全意的为家庭打球 |
[08:56] | I just said, “You guys are gonna do something special. “ | 我告诉他们:你们会做到一些特别的事情 |
[08:58] | I didn’t know what I meant by that, but that’s what… | 我不知道那意味着什么 |
[09:01] | I remember telling them that. | 但我就是这样告诉他们的 |
[09:04] | And from there it became my dream and their dreams | 从那时开始,他们成为全国冠军的梦想也成了我的梦想 |
[09:08] | to win a national championship. | |
[09:12] | The AAU is the Amateur Athletic Union, | AAU是一个充满活力的联盟 |
[09:15] | and they host national championships for each age group, | 他们为每个年龄段举行全国锦标赛 |
[09:19] | kind of like the NCAA championships. | 就如同NCAA锦标赛一样 |
[09:22] | That’s the one you want to go to and where the best players and teams are. | 那是你梦寐以求的地方,有最好的球员和球队 |
[09:25] | Financially, we had no sponsors. | 经济上,我们并没有赞助商 |
[09:28] | You name the fundraiser and we probably tried it. | 我们千方百计的筹集资金 |
[09:30] | We sold Katydids. We did fish fries. | 我们摆糖果摊、烧烤摊 |
[09:33] | We sold duct tape for a number of years. | 我们还卖了几年的胶带 |
[09:36] | Hey, don’t laugh. Duct tape. We made a lot of money selling duct tape. | 别笑啊,通过卖胶带我们赚了很多钱 |
[09:40] | We were kids who were on the corner hustling for uniforms, | 我们为了买队服什么都干 |
[09:43] | washing cars and going around from door to door. | 给人洗车、挨家挨户集赞助 |
[09:46] | The big moneymaker was really right by the liquor store. | 我们的第一笔赞助就是湖边的一个小商店 |
[09:55] | We rode in a minivan from Akron, Ohio, to Florida. | 我们坐着小面包车一路从俄亥俄到佛罗里达 |
[09:57] | Probably, like, nine of us in a minivan. | |
[09:59] | We went down in caravans. I drove my wife’s van, she drove my car, | 车里挤了9个人 我开着我妻子的货车 而她则开着我的车 |
[10:04] | and I had five boys in my car and she had our other three children. | 我带着五个小男孩 她带着我们的三个孩子 |
[10:08] | – LeBron. – Hello. | -LeBron!-你好! |
[10:11] | You go in, they have opening ceremonies, | 当我们进入会场时,开幕式正在进行 |
[10:14] | and the teams are parading through. It’s like the Olympics, | 各支球队就像是奥运会一样列队进场 |
[10:17] | and I’m like, “Wow, this is more than I had ever expected. “ | 哇!这和我这前所预想的完全不同 |
[10:22] | Northeast Ohio Shooting Stars. | 来自俄亥俄州的Shooting Star队 |
[10:26] | There’s teams from New York, from California, from Florida. | 这里有来自纽约、加利福尼亚、佛罗里达的球队 |
[10:30] | We were a team from Akron, which no one ever heard of. | 而我们则来自Akron市,这个他人完全没有耳闻的小地方 |
[10:34] | Talking to other coaches and hearing that they had played 60 games, | 当我们和其他队的教练交谈时 我得知有些球队已经一起打过60场比赛了 |
[10:37] | “We played 50 games,” | 有的也打了50场 |
[10:38] | and I’m thinking, “Wow, this doesn’t look very good.” | 我就想,哇!这可不是一个好事 |
[10:43] | Today, there are over 100,000 boys | 今天,这里集结了来自全国各地的近10万名孩子 |
[10:46] | competing in AAU basketball tournaments across America. Are you ready? | 你准备好了么? |
[11:01] | No one believed that we would win any of the games. | 没人相信我们会赢得任何一场比赛的胜利 |
[11:04] | It’s like we all were just clicking at the right time. | 然而我们打得充满了默契 |
[11:07] | We won some big games we didn’t think we were gonna win. | 我们想好好打一场比赛,想去赢下一场比赛 |
[11:11] | Everyone was like, | 赛后别人问道:你们赢了? |
[11:13] | “You guys won a game?” It was that attitude. | |
[11:15] | Not like, “Great game.” It’s like they couldn’t believe we were still winning. | 听起来就好像我们不应该是获胜者 他们不相信我们能够获胜 |
[11:20] | It’s almost like our friendship off the court was exactly the same as it is on the court. | 我们在场上场下都充满了默契 |
[11:28] | They started to believe in themselves and what they could do as a team. | 他们开始相信自己能够赢得比赛 能像一支球队一样去战斗 |
[11:35] | In that tournament, LeBron really separated himself. | 当时,LeBron就已经让自己脱颖而出了 |
[11:39] | You could see he was, head and shoulders, the best player there. | 你可以看到,他渐渐显示出他是那项比赛中最好的球员 |
[11:46] | We were just on a roll. We got to that championship game. | 我们继续前进,最终达到了决赛 |
[11:49] | We were gonna come home and say we were national champs. | 我们已经准备好宣告我们是全国冠军了 |
[11:52] | I mean, what can you say? We’re national champions. | 都到这儿了你还能有别的目标么? 我们是全国冠军 |
[11:55] | Not knowing if we were gonna go to high school together, | 我不知道Dru是否会跟我们一起进入高中 |
[11:58] | that definitely added a little bit more drive. | 但他确实有着比我们更多的动力和梦想 |
[12:00] | Our dreams of winning a national championship was upon us. | 而全国冠军对他来说是一个很好的奖励 |
[12:05] | In just a few moments, | [1999年7月8日 |
[12:07] | one of these teams will earn the right to be called national champions! | AAU全国冠军赛] |
[12:14] | The place was packed. Lot of camera coverage and everything. | 面对摄像头和媒体,我心跳加速,紧张无比 |
[12:18] | When they say your name, your heart just starts beating. | 当他们叫到你的名字时 |
[12:22] | Dru Joyce! | 你的心就好像要跳出来了一样 |
[12:24] | We were definitely the underdogs. | 他们是不被人看好的一边 |
[12:25] | We were playing a team, Southern California All-Stars. | 当时我们的对手是的南加州的All-Stars队 |
[12:28] | They had won fifth grade, sixth grade, seventh grade. | 他们在五、六、七年级三个级别里接连夺冠 |
[12:32] | They had two of the best players in the country. | 他们队中有两名全国范围内最好的选手 |
[12:35] | They had one guy that was in the Kid’s Sports Illustrated. | 其中一个上过《少儿体育》的封面 |
[12:42] | They were talking trash like, “Y’all from where? Y’all from Akron? | 他们对我们彪垃圾话 你们来自哪里?Akron市? |
[12:46] | “All country boys.” | 看着就像乡下孩子 |
[12:48] | They were sponsored by Nike, had Nike shoes, Nike sweatsuits, Nike bags. | 他们是由NIKE赞助的,NIKE鞋、NIKE运动服、NIKE包一应俱全 |
[12:53] | Our uniforms were nice, until we played them. | 我们本来有不错的队服的,可是和他们一比 |
[12:55] | Then they were terrible. | 就像垃圾一样 |
[12:57] | When they walked into the gym, heads turned. | 他们进入体育馆时好像都变了个人似的 |
[13:00] | You know, they had a swagger about themselves. | 对手很狂妄,十分自负 |
[13:03] | It was kind of intimidating, but we were just to point, like, “Forget it.” | 我们通过试着忘掉这些来克服恐惧 |
[13:06] | You know what I’m saying? They gotta play on the same court | 我们想,大家是在同一个赛场上比赛的 |
[13:07] | as we gotta play. And they gotta play. | 我们是五五开的 |
[13:10] | Nice pass up. Bell takes up the left side, goes to the basket, | 漂亮的传球,Bell在左路带球,假动作上篮 |
[13:13] | spinning pass to Washington, who plays it in for two. | 把球传给Washington,上篮得分 |
[13:17] | Outside shot for Bell. It’s good for three points. | Bell在外线拿球,精准的三分球! |
[13:21] | At one point in the game, it started getting ugly. | 在某一时刻,比赛开始变得丑陋 |
[13:24] | Our kids just had a never-say-die attitude. | 而我们这些孩子从未见到过这样的场景 |
[13:29] | In the fourth quarter, we started to cut the lead down. | 在第四节,我们开始缩小分差 |
[13:32] | James takes the ball up the side. Now look, they cut the lead to three and he’s about… | LeBron在边线拿球 试着把分差缩小为3分 |
[13:36] | What a move by James! We got a three-point ballgame. | 哦!多棒的动作呀!他打三分成功! |
[13:40] | The fans started to get into it. We started feeding off of their energy. | 球迷们开始激动起来 而我们也重新充满了能量 |
[13:44] | We made a run and still had the opportunity to tie it with a two or win it with a three. | 我们打出了一波高潮 我们仍然有得二分扳平或是三分反败为胜的机会 |
[13:49] | We’re just seconds away from crowning the national champions. | 离全国冠军诞生还有一秒钟 |
[13:54] | Ball to LeBron James, gotta hurry it up the court. | Sian把球传给LeBron,加速运球 |
[13:56] | They double-team him. Shot at the buzzer! | 遭到包夹,压哨出手! |
[14:00] | The whole time I’m looking at it, it’s like, | 每当我看这一球的录像时,都会想起那个球是我梦寐以求的 |
[14:02] | “Okay, this is the one I’ve always dreamed about. | |
[14:05] | “It’s about to go in. It’s about to go in.” | 要进了,要进了! |
[14:14] | … AIl-Stars, 68, Shooting Stars, 66. | 加州All-Stars队68,Shooting Star队66! |
[14:20] | And my dreams just shattered. And we lose by two. | 我的梦想顿时……“啪”的一下灰飞烟灭 我们以两分惜败 |
[14:27] | That was it. LeBron put his head in his hands and that was it. | 一切都结束了 LeBron双手抱头,一切结束了 |
[14:34] | It was just a sick feeling, like we were right there but it just slipped away. | 感觉很不爽,我们离成功就一步之遥, 它却从我们手中溜走了 [2003年3月21日 高三学年 全国冠军赛前一天] |
[14:47] | … high-school basketball here at Ohio. | 这里是俄亥俄州的高中篮球赛报道 |
[14:49] | So good luck to all those teams making their way to Columbus. | 祝来到Columbus的队伍比赛都好运 |
[14:51] | Of course, the team on everybody’s watch list | 尤其是这支万众瞩目的球队 |
[14:53] | is the Fighting Irish of St. Vincent-St. Mary. | St.V-St.M的Fighting Irish队! |
[14:56] | Can LeBron James and his team complete this remarkable season | LeBron James能否在这个非凡赛季的收官之战 |
[14:59] | by bringing home the championship? | 把总冠军收入囊中呢? |
[15:13] | We had just lost the national championship. We were just so together during that time. | 我们刚输掉全国冠军赛, 但还是团结一心 |
[15:18] | It was like, “Man, we want to keep doing this. | 我们想一起继续打球 |
[15:20] | “We don’t want to go to high school and split up.” | 不想进了高中就分开 |
[15:22] | We felt like a loyalty to each other. So, where one person went, | 我们忠于彼此,所以一个人去了哪里 |
[15:25] | that’s where everybody else was going. | 其他人一定跟他去 |
[15:28] | If you were an inner-city kid, you went to Buchtel. | 如果你是个城里孩子, 肯定会进Buchtel高中 |
[15:30] | It was definitely an all-black school, so everybody expected us to be there. | 那个学校里全是黑人孩子, 所有人都觉得我们会去Buchtel |
[15:34] | I was on staff at Buchtel High School, pre-season open gym, | 我去了Buchtel高中的季前训练营 |
[15:38] | and so I’m bringing Dru around and letting him play with the guys. | 把Dru也带去试训 |
[15:42] | He says, “Dad, they’re not gonna give me a chance here.” | Dru对我说:“爸,他们根本不给我机会。” |
[15:46] | They didn’t think he was big enough to play. | 他们觉得他个子太小,根本不行 |
[16:04] | He wasn’t always the biggest, wasn’t always the fastest. | Dru个子不算最大,速度呢,也不是最快 |
[16:07] | He wasn’t the cutest, either. Oh, man. | 他也不是最可爱的那个……天啊! |
[16:11] | But he was tough as nails. | 但他倔得像块石头 |
[16:13] | He definitely has a little man’s complex. | 他个子小,但绝对是个男人 |
[16:16] | He won’t let anybody pick on him. He’ll stand up to the biggest guy. | 他从不肯屈服,总是敢挑战最大个的对手 |
[16:20] | He has the biggest heart in the world. | 他有全世界最大的心脏 |
[16:23] | I think, sometimes, he may have been frustrated. | 有时候他对自己的身高也有点不爽 |
[16:25] | He had this little pull-up bar in his room and he’d sort of just hang from it, | 所以在房间里装了根做引体向上的杆子 |
[16:30] | trying to stretch or whatever, make himself taller. | 整天挂在上面,大概是想把自己拉高点 |
[16:34] | The guys were getting bigger and I wasn’t growing as much, | 其他人都在长高,只有我没长多少 |
[16:37] | so I had to add something else to my game. | 所以我必须更努力来弥补 |
[16:40] | We took Dru to a Sunday night clinic run by an ex-college coach named Keith Dambrot. | 我们带Dru去了周日训练营 那里的教练Keith Dambrot以前带过大学队 |
[16:52] | Well, I remember that he was a very quiet young man | 我记得他是个很安静的孩子 |
[16:54] | that was all business, and really had an unbelievable skill level | 但是他技术很不错,也很全面 |
[16:58] | and tremendous work ethic for a fifth or sixth grader. | 对中学选手来说达到这种水平很不错了 |
[17:01] | Most days off, it didn’t matter if we were coming home from a game or tournament. | 我每天都练球,全年无休,连比赛完了回来我都要练 |
[17:05] | I remember being here on Super Bowl Sunday. | 有一次记得周日是超级碗决赛,我也没有休息 |
[17:08] | I was here all the time. | 我老是泡在球馆里 |
[17:10] | Keith and Dru really developed a bond, | Keith和Dru感情很好 |
[17:12] | because they were both little guys who loved basketball. | 因为他们都是小个子,对篮球都有无限热情 |
[17:16] | Every other coach would tell me, | 其他教练都不停跟我说 |
[17:17] | “You gotta grow, son. You gotta get bigger. “ | “你得长高点,你得长壮点……” |
[17:20] | Just throwing negative stuff, right out the gate. | 他们总是只看到我的弱点 |
[17:22] | He realized that I really didn’t care much about size. | Dru知道我不在乎他的身高 |
[17:25] | I just was gonna put him in a position to be successful. | 我只想让他上场,努力找到属于自己的成功 |
[17:28] | Keith was now a high-school basketball coach. | Keith要去担任St.V-St.M高中的球队主教练 |
[17:31] | So Dru says to me, | 于是Dru对我说 |
[17:32] | “Dad, I’m not going to Buchtel. I’m gonna go to St. V. “ | “爸,我不想去Buchtel高中了,我要去St.V-St.M。” |
[17:35] | And I remember saying to him, “I’m on the coaching staff. | 我很惊讶:我们都为你安排好了去Buchtel了 |
[17:39] | “Everything’s in place. What do you mean?” | 你现在反悔算什么啊? |
[17:41] | He said, “Dad, I know Coach Dambrot will give me a chance.” | 但是Dru对我说:“爸,只有Dambrot教练会给我机会。” |
[17:48] | Choosing to go to St. V was definitely bigger | 我们选择一起升入St.V-St.M是个重要的决定 |
[17:50] | than just picking one high school over another. | 二选一,总有一个学校会失望 |
[17:53] | People look at you like you was choosing race. | 大家都觉得这是个种族之间的选择 |
[17:55] | The African-American community wanted us to bring our talents to Buchtel | 非裔美国人社区都期望我们选择Buchtel高中 |
[18:00] | and felt like we were traitors. | 我们觉得自己就像背叛者 |
[18:03] | The comment made was, | 当时还有人挖苦我们说 |
[18:04] | “Hey, Dru, I understand you’re pimping for St. V now.” | “嘿, Dru, 咱们知道了,你被拉皮条的拉去St.V-St.M了……” |
[18:08] | Well, even if our own community looked down on us, it didn’t matter. | 尽管自己人的社区因此轻视我们,也没什么的 |
[18:12] | It was worth it for our friend. | 为了兄弟什么都值得 |
[18:14] | St. Vincent-St. Mary just happened to be down the street | St.V-St.M高中就在街角 |
[18:16] | from where all this stuff started at The Salvation Army, all on Maple Street. | 一切都是在枫树街上一个属于救世军体育馆开始的 |
[18:23] | Coach Dambrot then asked Coach Cotton and I to be a part of the staff | Dambrot教练问我和Cotton教练能否加入他的教练团队 |
[18:26] | because we had done a great job with the kids. | 因为我们很熟悉这群孩子 |
[18:28] | I mean, they were ready to play high-school basketball. | 这些孩子已经准备好打真正的高中篮球了 |
[18:39] | – Our team was ran like a college. – He was on us from stretching. | 我们的训练像大学球队一样正规,教练从热身开始吼我们 |
[18:43] | Like, if you wasn’t stretching hard or you wasn’t stretching the right way, | 伸展不到位!动作不对! |
[18:46] | he’d be on us. | 教练基本靠吼啊… |
[18:47] | “Get your… Get this… Do this… Who the hell you think you guys are? | 教练总是在叫:“快点!做这!做那!你以为你是谁啊?!” |
[18:52] | “You freshmens.” | “你们这些菜鸟!” |
[18:54] | I’m looking at him, like, “Yo, I’m from the hood. | 我想:嘿,这儿可是我们的地盘 |
[18:56] | “I’m about to do something to you, like, after practice.” | 等训练完了出去给你好看 |
[19:00] | I was very difficult at times but I had a purpose behind it, | 那段时间我对他们确实很严格,但我有我的想法 |
[19:03] | and, I think, in the long run, it proved to be a good thing. | 从长远来看,这样的付出绝对是值得的 |
[19:06] | We never knew how to play basketball | 在Dambrot教练之前 |
[19:08] | at a high level like that until Coach Dambrot. | 我们其实不懂高级的篮球要怎么打 |
[19:11] | He’s putting the best players on the court. | 他只让最好的球员上场 |
[19:14] | If you don’t got it, you don’t got it. He’s not playing you. | 你水平不够,就没球打 |
[19:16] | It don’t matter if you’re a senior. | 不管你资格有多老 |
[19:23] | We have a lot of young kids. We have four freshmen in our top nine. | [Irish队新人登场] 我们有很多新人,主力阵容九个人之中有四个高一学生 |
[19:30] | They totally hit the ground running, and they instantly had a chemistry, | 他们一上场立刻就有奇妙的化学反应 |
[19:34] | and they started blowing teams out. | 他们出场就是大胜 |
[19:36] | You could see the cohesiveness that takes teams time to develop that. | 通常球队加入新鲜血液都需要磨合 |
[19:40] | They had it as soon as they were freshmen. | 但他们一开始就已经非常默契了 |
[19:42] | Every time we go out on the floor, we want to play 110%, | 我们只要上场就会付出110%的努力 |
[19:45] | and that’s what we did tonight. | 今晚我们也是这样打的 |
[19:51] | Five games in, 5 and 0, 15-0, 20-0, | 我们先是5连胜,然后15连胜,20连胜 |
[19:55] | and the buzz is clicking. | [常胜之师Irish] 大家的期望值在升高 [St.V-St.M是个大家庭] |
[19:59] | The Eagles fall from the ranks of the unbeaten | [老鹰队被St.V-St.M射落] [谁能阻挡Irish?] |
[20:01] | while the Irish roll on. | [Irish连胜之势不可挡] |
[20:03] | St. V proves worthy of that top ranking. | Irish队全州第一 St.V-St.M的表现证明他们无愧本州顶尖的头衔 |
[20:06] | We just established who was the best. | 很显然他们是最强的 |
[20:08] | It’s kind of cool, I think, | 我们最强!! |
[20:09] | “Hey, guys, I think we made the right decision to go to St. V.” | 兄弟们,我们来St.V-St.M是对的 |
[20:12] | That’s what we were saying. “I think we made the right decision.” | 咱们的决定是正确的,来St.V-St.M是对的 |
[20:14] | These are young kids, 14 and 15 years old, and they went 27 and 0. | 他们只是14、15岁的孩子,却拿下了惊人的27连胜 |
[20:21] | All season long, when we go out for warm-ups, | [超级四人组] 每次赛前热身的时候 |
[20:23] | you would hear the other teams laugh at him and call him the mascot. | 对方球队的球员都会嘲笑Dru,叫他吉祥物 |
[20:29] | Dru, at the time, was 4’10” on a good day. | Dru那时候最多也就1米47 |
[20:32] | Come on, man, this guy… | 这家伙…… |
[20:33] | They looking at this dude like, “He’s not gonna play.” | 得了吧,这人不行 |
[20:37] | Lot of guys around Akron, they felt like he got what he got | 很多这儿的人都认为Dru能在队里打球 |
[20:41] | ’cause Coach Dru was the coach. | 是因为他爸是球队教练 |
[20:43] | I was very hard on him, and it hurt our relationship. | 我对他非常非常严厉,某种程度上这损害了我们的父子关系 |
[20:49] | For a long time it wasn’t father-son. It was coach-player. | 很多时候我们不是父子,我们是教练和球员关系 |
[20:55] | Sometimes he could break me down in a game and I couldn’t get through it. | 有时候他在比赛中把我骂个狗血喷头,我真的受不了 |
[21:03] | Sometimes I had to mediate between the two. | 我不得不在他俩中间协调他们的关系 |
[21:06] | Dru did feel it was hard to live up | Dru也感觉到,他爸给他设的标准太高 |
[21:09] | to the standards that his dad had set. | 他很难达到 |
[21:14] | Maybe I went overboard. | 我感到自己对他的要求可能太严格了 |
[21:16] | I had enough sense one time to ask Dru if I was being too hard on him, | 于是我问他,我对他是不是太严厉了 |
[21:21] | and he told me, “Yes.” | 他说是的 |
[21:23] | My dad had me in the gym getting up shots, watching tapes and watching games, | 我爸带我练,练习投篮,看教学录像,看比赛录像 |
[21:28] | watch how he shoots the ball, watch his arc he puts on the ball. | 让我学他投球,然我注意观察他投篮的弧线 |
[21:32] | I wanted everyone to understand that what Dru got | 我想让所有人知道,Dru得到的一切都源自他的努力 |
[21:36] | he got because he earned. But it was hard. It was hard on both of us. | 但对他来说不容易,我们俩都不容易 |
[21:41] | Definitely harder on him because, as a child, you want to please your parents, | 每个孩子都想让父母骄傲,但我却让他不断遭受挫折 |
[21:46] | and I’m sure he questioned, “Do I do anything right?” | 可也许他会觉得,“我是不是从没做对过任何一件事?” [Irish打入州冠决赛] |
[21:55] | Coming up here on ONN, | 这里是俄亥俄新闻频道 |
[21:57] | we have the Division III State Boy’s Basketball Finals. | 州冠决赛现场 |
[21:59] | As Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary battles Jamestown Greeneview. | 来自Akron的St.V-St.M高中 对战Jamestown的Greeneview高中 |
[22:03] | They’re freshmen. At this level, the crowds, the pressure is going to get to them. | 他们都是高一的孩子 这些来自观众和比赛的压力,对他们有很大影响 |
[22:09] | He’s the glue, he’s the point guard, he’s the one to make this team go. | 这是控卫,控卫要把全队粘合到一起,他是全队的组织者 |
[22:15] | And they’ve done a nice job right here hustling. | 这个球进得漂亮! |
[22:17] | Matthews slices into the lane. And a foul called on Matthews. | Matthews成功突破,并制造对方犯规 |
[22:22] | But so far Greeneview’s done a nice job of controlling the pace of this game. | 到现在为止,Greeneview一直很好地控制着场上的节奏 |
[22:26] | To call Dru Joyce, who’s checking into the game, | Dru Joyce被替换上场了 |
[22:28] | diminutive would be a vast understatement. | 他的身材真的很袖珍 |
[22:30] | He came into the game, and the fans were laughing at him. | Dru一上场,对方的球迷就开始哄笑 |
[22:33] | They thought the ball boy checked in. | 大家还以为是球童上场捡球呢 |
[22:35] | His shorts were so big they looked like sweat pants. | 他的短裤对他来说太大了,看起来就像条大睡裤! |
[22:38] | He is generously listed at 5’2″, | 他的官方资料身高是1米55 |
[22:41] | but I think everyone’s under the general consensus that he may be about 4’11”. | 但现场看,他顶多1米48 |
[22:47] | Greeneview by three, 11 to 8. | Greeneview领先三分,11比8 |
[22:52] | We almost couldn’t see him shooting, and he stuck it to tie the game at 11. | 出手之快我们都没看清!三分命中,11平! |
[23:00] | Throws it to Dru Joyce. | 传给Dru Joyce! |
[23:03] | Dru Joyce gets open deep in the corner, and he does it again! | Dru Joyce底线附近远投,再次三分命中! |
[23:06] | Then when he made the third one, I didn’t want to say anything. | 远投三分! 我什么都不想说 |
[23:09] | I just wanted to allow this thing to play out. | 让他的场上表现说话 |
[23:12] | … and this looks like the Irish just want to pass it around the outside. | Irish队队员都把球集中到外线 |
[23:18] | He didn’t want anybody to say anything about his size | 他不想让别人关注他的身高 |
[23:20] | because he felt he could go with anybody, no matter their size. | 因为他觉得他可以挑战任何人,不会在乎对方有多高 |
[23:24] | He’d just do it a different way. | 他有他自己的方式 |
[23:28] | That’s where the good guys’ point guard… | 带领球队高歌猛进的 |
[23:30] | Dru Joyce! | |
[23:32] | This tie-breaker. Division III championship record. Six for six. | 他打破了比赛僵局 |
[23:40] | Six for six, Dru Joyce. | 六投六中,Dru Joyce! |
[23:43] | He has 18 points in six minutes of playtime. | [JOYCE 6投6中] 在六分钟内他得了18分 |
[23:47] | Dru Joyce. There it is. | Dru Joyce,又进了! |
[23:51] | Twenty-one points for Dru Joyce at the end of the third period. | Dru Joyce第三节结束拿到21分 |
[23:55] | St. Vincent-St. Mary, a quarter away from the state championship. | St.V-St.M高中距离州冠军,只有一节比赛的距离了 |
[23:59] | It was a transcendent moment. | 这是史无前例的一刻 |
[24:01] | It was a moment that most people there will always remember. | 在场的所有人都会铭记那一刻 |
[24:07] | There was a little man on his shoulder that he knocked off that game. | 那一天他终于丢掉了身材矮小这个包袱,扬眉吐气了 |
[24:13] | I think it’s the size of that man’s heart and the size of that man’s brain | 我觉得一个人能否打好球 |
[24:16] | that determines who can play and who can’t play. | 只取决于他的头脑,他的心 |
[24:33] | Going to the sophomore year we were playing some tougher teams, | 进入第二年,我们的对手都变得更强了 |
[24:35] | so we needed to be better. | 所以我们需要也变得更好 |
[24:40] | I never thought basketball was gonna be my future. | 我从没想过篮球会决定我的人生方向 |
[24:43] | I just wanted to play it just because it gets you girls. | 我打球只是因为…方便泡妞… |
[24:48] | Rome transferred in. | Romeo转进我们学校 |
[24:50] | He was cool. He was… No, Rome wasn’t cool. | 他有点冷酷,不对,他一点也不酷 |
[24:55] | He was funny, but he was so selfish. | 他挺搞笑的,但是太自私了 |
[24:58] | I mean, we looked out for each other. Rome, no sense of that. | 我们几个总是互相关照,但Rome从不关心别人 |
[25:02] | They were like sisters, like little girls. Always giggling and it was touchy feely. | 他们几个根本就是一群姐妹淘,整天嬉笑打闹, 互相倾诉心事 |
[25:07] | You know, and always sharing, and I’m not the sharing, caring, loving type. | 我跟他们不一样,我不爱讲心事,也不关心别人 |
[25:13] | He called himself angry man. He’d be like… Somebody had on a hat | 他叫自己“大怒男”,如果看见同学带着棒球帽在学校走廊里 |
[25:15] | and they’ll walk down the hall, and he’d be like, “Hey! That hat is dumb as hell.” | 他就会冲上去大吼:“靠!你的帽子丑死了!” |
[25:20] | You know, something like that. For no reason, no good reason. | 他就是这样整天发脾气,没什么特别道理 |
[25:24] | It was like, “Man, why is you… You wake up angry, like, what is you mad for, like? | 我们总是问他:兄弟,你每天一起床就这么不爽吗? 你生哪门子气呀? |
[25:28] | “Who did something to you today?” I mean, he just had an attitude. | 谁又招惹你啦?反正他就老是那个态度 |
[25:33] | Sian was always talking on the court, you know, playing dirty. I never liked him, | Sian在场上总是不停彪脏话,打球也不干净,我不喜欢他 |
[25:36] | and Dru raked my eyes out like some wrestling type, like, ripped my eyeball out. | Dru有次差点把我眼珠子抠出来,野蛮得跟摔跤比赛似的! |
[25:42] | I hit him in the eye. He was crying. | 我有次打中了他的眼睛,他哭惨了 |
[25:45] | I punched him in the face and Dru, he’s just a little off, he’s like, | 我马上照着他脸上给了他一拳,结果Dru这个小疯子 |
[25:49] | “Yeah, yeah, hit me again. Hit me again. I like it, I like it.” | “再来呀,再来一拳,我喜欢!” |
[25:55] | The St. Vincent-St. Mary Irish basketball team | 这是St.V-St.M高中篮球队 |
[25:58] | finished the season a perfect 27 and 0 in the Division III State Champion. | 这个赛季他们在三级联盟里取得了惊人的27战全胜,夺得州冠军 |
[26:02] | So let’s tip it off with their crowning moment as we honor… | 让这次开球拉开他们再创辉煌的序幕吧! |
[26:05] | – This year’s to beat, St. V! | – This year’s to beat, St. V! St.V-St.M!直指冠军!St.V-St.M! |
[26:08] | People saw such high expectations | 大家对我们的期望越来越高 |
[26:10] | because we had won the previous year. We had won state. | 因为我们去年已经取得了州冠军 |
[26:12] | It was a team that was young, and people said, | 这支队很年轻 |
[26:15] | “This could happen for the next two or three years.” | 人们说,两三年内都是他们的天下了… [全国瞩目St.V-St.M高中] [St.V-St.M开创王朝] |
[26:21] | We were starting to get some national ranking and people were starting to say, | [Irish队全美排名第23] 当我们全国排名不断爬升,大家开始问 |
[26:25] | “What’s going on over here in Akron, Ohio?” | 俄亥俄州的Akron市是哪儿? |
[26:30] | We weren’t winning by eight or 10 or 12. We were winning by 20. | 我们不会只赢8分、10分或12分,每次都大胜20分以上 |
[26:37] | You could see the whole LeBron phenomena | 球迷对LeBron的狂热与日俱增 |
[26:39] | and then the team phenomena grow and grow and grow. | 对球队的狂热也在增加 [Irish夺得第二个州冠军] |
[26:47] | James with a steal, clocks it, and finishes with a flourish. | James断球,用一个漂亮的扣篮夺下两分 |
[26:50] | Since we were winning, you know, it really didn’t matter | 在连胜光环之下,我们并没有注意到 |
[26:52] | that Rome had an attitude sometimes | Romeo的态度不太对劲 |
[26:55] | or he didn’t want to do what we needed him to do sometimes. | 球队需要他做的事,他不愿意配合 |
[26:58] | He’s playing well, we playing good, and he’s just trying to make it through it, | 他打得挺好,我们也打得不错,但他只是为了打球而打球 |
[27:01] | instead of gaining friends and doing it for each other, not just for him. | 他没有融进集体,他不是为了朋友去努力,他只是为了他自己 |
[27:10] | You know, when you’re winning, you don’t see as much as you would see | 连胜的时候很难发现问题 只有失败的时候你才会仔细审视自己的弱点 |
[27:13] | if you were losing. So, Romeo not being as tight as us four, | Romeo和我们的确不像我们四个之间那么团结 |
[27:16] | you know, it wasn’t so microscopic, if we were losing. | 如果输了球,我们一定会认真对待这个问题想法解决 |
[27:19] | Akron’s St. Vincent-St. Mary has done it again. | 来自Akron市的St.V-St.M高中,又取得了胜利!! |
[27:22] | But we were winning. | 但我们一直在赢,所以… |
[27:29] | I didn’t care if I was part of the group. | 我不在乎我们是不是一个集体 |
[27:31] | We were playing good ball and we were winning. | 上场好好比赛,然后赢球 |
[27:32] | That’s all I cared about. I figured I’d do my own thing. | 那才是我关心的东西,我自己做我自己就好了 |
[27:36] | We definitely reached our goal for that year, but it also opened our eyes up, like, | 这年球队达到了预设的成绩,但我们的视野也不同了 |
[27:41] | at the end of freshman year, we could do so much more. | 发现我们可以追逐更高的目标 |
[27:44] | Our goals had become bigger, | 目标变得更远大 |
[27:47] | and we can carry this to the national championship. | 我们想冲击全国总冠军 [2003年3月22日 高三学年 全国冠军决赛日] |
[28:07] | Listen, fellas, hey, big day. It’s the big day. | 大家听好了,今天是个大日子 |
[28:12] | All right? We’re better than this team. | 我们比对手要强 |
[28:15] | They haven’t played anywhere near the competition we played. | 他们的水平没有我们高 |
[28:18] | But I’m gonna tell you, they’re gonna play hard, fellas. | 但对手肯定会上场跟我们拼命,我们绝不能懈怠 |
[28:21] | So if you’re not ready to play hard, let me know now. Come on, let’s bring it in. | 如果你不想倾尽全力,那现在告诉我。好吧,大家加油! |
[28:27] | – One, two, three. – Team. | 一,二,三,加油! |
[28:29] | – Four, five, six. – Work hard! | 四,五,六,一起努力! |
[28:34] | Coach Dambrot and the Fighting Irish from St. Vincent-St. Mary High School, | Dambrot教练带领的St.V-St.M Fighting Irish队夺冠 |
[28:39] | what an outstanding season you’ve had. | 真是一个出色的赛季! |
[28:46] | Him leaving at that time, you know, really hurt our morale. | 真是不敢相信,教练的离开伤害了我们的感情 [Dambrot辞去St.V-St.M主教练职务进入大学球队教练组] |
[28:51] | I didn’t care about his personal reasons at all. | 我不在乎他拿什么“私人事务”做借口 |
[28:54] | I knew what he had said to me, that he was gonna be there for the four years, | 他跟我说好要带我们四年的,我就记得这个 |
[28:59] | and that’s all that came in my mind, like, “Man, you lied.” You know what I mean? | 你骗了我们,你知道吗? |
[29:04] | And I played hard for him. He cursed me out and treated me bad, | 我为他努力打球,他对我很严,常常狂骂我 |
[29:09] | but I felt like he was one of the best coaches that I had ever played for, | 但我还是觉得他是我所有教练中最好的之一 |
[29:12] | and seeing him go, I couldn’t understand it. I never wanted to talk to him again. | 我不能理解为什么他就这样走掉了 再也不想跟他讲话了 |
[29:19] | It was one of the hardest decisions I ever made, | 这是我人生中最难的几个决定之一 |
[29:21] | because I wouldn’t even have that opportunity | 因为如果没有这些球员我永远也不会得到这样的机会 |
[29:23] | if it wasn’t for the players on that team. Those guys had resurrected my career. | 他们帮助我重振了我的事业 |
[29:30] | You know, Keith calls me and tells me that he wanted me to take over. | Keith打电话给我,告诉我说他希望我接管球队 |
[29:36] | My first response, honestly, was no. I didn’t want to do it. | 我的第一反应是不要,我没法胜任这个职务 |
[29:40] | I just felt like, “I don’t want to mess this thing up. | 我可不想毁掉球队现有的一切 |
[29:43] | “These kids have so much going for them.” | 这些孩子今年有很远大的目标 |
[29:45] | We had upgraded the schedule till it was… | 我们有新的比赛计划 |
[29:47] | We were playing nationally-ranked teams. We had them all coming into Akron. | 会对战更多全国级别的球队,他们会来到Akron市挑战我们 |
[29:50] | We’re moving into Division II. | 球队也升入了二级联盟 |
[29:53] | There were just so many challenges, and for me to be a first-year coach, | 有太多挑战要面对,我这个菜鸟教练应该应付不来 |
[29:56] | I just felt like I didn’t want to mess it up. | 很怕会把事情都搞砸 |
[29:58] | And I can remember sharing that with my wife, | 我把这些顾虑都跟我老婆讲了 |
[30:07] | and she said to me, she said, “Dru, how can you say no? | “Dru,你怎么能拒绝?” |
[30:15] | “This is honoring all those years that you put in with these kids. | 她对我说:你花了这么多年,为这些孩子们付出,这是你应得 |
[30:19] | “How can you possibly say no?” | 你怎么能拒绝呢? |
[30:21] | And those words were what I needed to hear. | 这些话正是我想要听到的 |
[30:26] | I grew up in some very humble beginnings. My father was a janitor, | 我出身贫寒,爸爸是当门卫的 |
[30:31] | and my mother cleaned wealthy families’ homes. | 我妈去富人家里帮他们打扫卫生 |
[30:33] | She was what they called a day worker. But my mother was just adamant. | 她只是个钟点工,但性格非常坚强 |
[30:38] | I mean, going to college for me was almost like going to high school. | 上大学对我来说就好像上高中一样 |
[30:43] | It was never, “Am I going, am I not?” It was, “You’re going.” | 是一件必须去完成的事情 |
[30:47] | I wasn’t really trying to climb the corporate ladder, | 我不是那种一心要向上爬的人 |
[30:49] | but as the kids started to come and the responsibilities started to grow, | 但孩子们的出生使我肩上的责任变重了 |
[30:54] | the focus was, “Hey, we need to make a little more money, | 家里的经济压力也越来越大 |
[30:56] | “and, yeah, I’m having a lot of good success at work, | 幸好我事业小有所成 |
[30:59] | “winning a lot of prizes, a lot of trips.” I was very appreciative of it. | 获得了一些奖项,也让我去到很多地方,我很感恩 |
[31:04] | But at the end of the day I would ask myself, | 但我常常在扪心自问:“到底我做的哪些事情是真正有意义的?” |
[31:08] | “What have I done that really matters?” | [St.V-St.M高中] |
[31:12] | Let us pray. Dearly, Father Lord, we thank you | 我们来祈祷吧,万能的主 |
[31:15] | for all the blessings you’ve bestowed upon us. | 我们感谢您的恩赐 |
[31:18] | Lord, we understand that basketball is very small in the scheme of things, | 我们知道从整个世界的角度来说,篮球只是一件微不足道的小事 |
[31:23] | but we recognize there’s a lot of people who’d like to be right here where we are. | 但我们也知道世上有很多人羡慕我们所达到的成就 |
[31:29] | But you have blessed us with this opportunity, | 感谢您赐予我们这些机会 |
[31:31] | and we want to make the most of it, | 我们会竭尽所能去努力 |
[31:34] | not for our own glory but for your glory. | 并非为了我们自己的荣誉,因为一切荣耀都是您的 |
[31:37] | Pray these things in your son Jesus’ name. Amen. | 以圣子之名,阿门 |
[31:39] | – Amen. | – Amen. 阿门 |
[31:40] | – Team up. – Team, on the count of six. | 加油! |
[31:41] | – One, two, three. – Team. | 一,二,三,加油! |
[31:42] | – Four, five, six. – Work hard. | 四,五,六,一起努力! |
[31:43] | Superman, let’s go. | 很好!开始训练吧! |
[31:47] | I took over understanding that if we won, | 我接管了球队,也明白 |
[31:50] | they were gonna be Keith’s kids, and if we lost, it would be my fault, so… | 如果我们赢了那是Keith教练的功劳,如果输了就是我的过失 |
[31:57] | A doors open for your dream, you don’t think about anything else. | 当梦想的大门向你敞开 |
[32:00] | You just run through the door | 你要心无旁笃地迎向它 |
[32:02] | and try to do the best job that I was gonna be able to do. | 付出全部力量去追逐理想 |
[32:07] | St. Vincent-St. Mary will be playing a national schedule this year | St.V-St.M今年打入全国联盟 |
[32:11] | with an opportunity to win a national championship. | 有望争夺全国冠军 |
[32:13] | A lot of pressure, though, on Coach Dru Joyce | 对教练Dru Joyce来说这也是不小的压力 |
[32:16] | to make sure they have the same success as the previous two years. | 因为要复制前两年的辉煌并非易事 |
[32:19] | That’s one team you gotta buy a ticket to go see, St. V’s. | 有支球队你一定要亲自买票去瞻仰,那就是――St.V-St.M |
[32:22] | We definitely felt like, you know, it was our turn. | 我们觉得我们的机会来了 |
[32:26] | I was starting to become a man in my junior year. | 我在高中三年级这年逐渐成长为一个真正的男人 |
[32:28] | I was 16, about to turn 17, so… | 从十六岁到十七岁,我长大了 |
[32:32] | It was like, “Whatever, let’s get down.” | 现在是抛开一切,好好打球的时刻了! |
[32:46] | We’re playing these highly-ranked teams in the country and we’re winning 100 to 50. | 我们的对手都是全国顶尖的高校,但我们还能100比50大胜他们 |
[32:51] | And the Irish blew away the Bulldogs 76 to 36. | Irish以76比36大胜Bulldogs |
[32:55] | Eighty to 35. | 80比35 |
[32:57] | St. Vincent-St. Mary’s dominate again, 78- 49. | St.V-St.M主宰了比赛,78比49 |
[33:04] | I kept hearing about this player Carmelo Anthony and I’m like, “Whatever.” | [James比肩全国豪强] 大家不停说Carmelo Anthony很厉害,我才不在乎他是哪根葱 [LeBron赢得一对一比赛] |
[33:13] | Country, stateside, city-side, it was bananas. | 全国上下,无论市区市郊的人都为我们疯狂 |
[33:15] | It was like we felt invincible. We was, like, untouchables. | 我们就像当年的美国黑帮,简直是不可战胜 |
[33:20] | Travis from LeBron James. Travis from James. | Travis接到LeBron James妙传表演空接 |
[33:24] | They seemed to never let anybody down. They really were defending all the hype. | 他们从没让球迷失望,成功捍卫荣誉 |
[33:29] | After a while you started saying, | 过了段时间,大家都在说 |
[33:31] | “Wow, is this one of the greatest teams in high-school basketball history?” | 哇,这是不是史上最强的高中篮球队? |
[33:42] | First time I saw LeBron play was in Akron, | 记得第一次在Akron看LeBron打球 |
[33:44] | and I think that the tendency, especially when you’re a skeptical sports writer, | 你知道我们体育记者的啦 |
[33:49] | is to try and nitpick and say to yourself, | 我们都是抱着鸡蛋里挑骨头的心态去看比赛的 |
[33:51] | “This kid isn’t as good as everyone says he is.” | 心里都会先入为主地说:“肯定又是一名不符实的主。” |
[33:56] | And yet, he was that good. | 但是,亲眼目睹LeBron,我只能说,他真的就是传说中那么厉害! |
[34:01] | And so I pitched the story to Sports Illustrated. | 所以我们做了一个LeBron的专题 |
[34:07] | He’s been dubbed the chosen one. According to Sports Illustrated, | 天之骄子 《体育画报》给LeBron起了个封号叫做“天之骄子” |
[34:11] | LeBron is the first high-school athlete to grace the magazine’s cover in 36 years. | LeBron是36年以来第一个登上《体育画报》的高中球员 |
[34:16] | Nobody from Akron had ever been on the cover of Sports Illustrated before. | Akron市历史上从没有人登上过《体育画报》的封面 |
[34:19] | You’ve got kids from Texas and New York City | 想想看一个在德州或者纽约的大城市的孩子 |
[34:22] | reading about this kid from Akron, Ohio. | 翻开画报,读到一个来自俄亥俄州Akron市的孩子的故事 |
[34:24] | The Ohio, national and world media | 全州,全国,乃至全世界的媒体 |
[34:26] | have been following the St. Vincent-St. Mary star | 都聚焦在St.V-St.M高中篮球队 |
[34:29] | all season long. | 全程跟踪他们的整个赛季 |
[34:30] | Once the Sports Illustrated thing goes on, everything was just amplified. | 在媒体的过度关注之下,所有的东西都被放大了 |
[34:43] | Today’s ESPN, Internet generation, | 这个时代是属于互联网和ESPN的媒体时代 |
[34:47] | what happens in one small corner of the country or the world | 一个小地方发生的事情 |
[34:51] | can be worldwide. | 马上可以变成全世界的头条新闻 |
[34:52] | And these kids were right at the forefront of it, so when they went someplace, | 这些孩子受到媒体的关注,他们到哪里 |
[34:56] | people knew them by name. | 都有人叫得出他们的名字 |
[34:57] | LeBron James has his own T-shirt that you can buy here at the game today. | LeBron James的特制T恤,今天同时在场内发售 |
[35:01] | You have to go back, I think, to Lew Alcindor, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar now, | 回想LeBron作为高中球员所受的关注度 |
[35:05] | who got that kind of attention as a high school player before their senior season. | 只有当年的阿尔辛多能与之相提并论 阿尔辛多也就是后来的贾巴尔 |
[35:11] | But when you have to go back that far, | 当你需要回溯如此长的历史才能找到与他同级别的人物时 |
[35:13] | you realize how rare it is, what LeBron was doing. | LeBron的强大程度也是不言而喻的了 |
[35:16] | They moved all their high-school games over to the University of Akron | 他们把高中球队的比赛转到Akron大学的球馆举行 |
[35:20] | just for sheer seating purposes, and even there, some of the higher-profile games, | 即使搬到那么大的球馆,到了一些重要的比赛场次时 |
[35:24] | the 5,000 seats weren’t enough. | 5000个座位仍然供不应求 |
[35:26] | The Cavs/Gund Arena has only sold out twice this year. | 骑士队的主场速贷中心球馆今年只满座过两次 |
[35:28] | Once when Michael Jordan came to town, and the other was to see this guy. | 一次是Michael Jordan来打客场,另一次就是因为这个孩子 |
[35:33] | LeBron LeBron James, and a 30-point win sends the Irish to the regional semifinals. | |
[35:38] | LeBron James! | James带领球队30分大胜对手,闯入分区半决赛 |
[35:41] | It was almost like playing in the NBA. | 我们像NBA球星一样受到追捧 |
[35:43] | People at our hotels, girls trying to get up to the room. | 球迷聚集在饭店周围,女孩子想方设法要进我们的房间 |
[35:47] | People out front scalping tickets for 300 bucks | 黄牛票卖到300美金一张 |
[35:49] | to see a high-school basketball game. | 这可是高中生的比赛啊 |
[35:52] | You knew that it was a phenomena that you wanted to see, | [今日球票 已售罄] 你知道,这是你值得一看的景象 |
[35:55] | ’cause you knew that you were gonna be able to tell your kids, | 因为你知道,你以后可以去告诉你的小孩 |
[35:57] | “I saw LeBron play when…” | 我在LeBron小时候就看过他的比赛 |
[35:59] | He’s like the next Michael Jordan, so my brother told me he had to get a picture. | 他很可能将是下一个乔丹 所以,我兄弟告诉我他要拍张照片留念 |
[36:03] | I mean, he wasn’t the only celebrity. He was just… | 我的意思是,他不仅简简单单只是个名人 |
[36:06] | He had a little more star power than the rest of us. | 他比我们其他人更多一点星味儿 |
[36:11] | We were like a rock band. He was just the lead singer. | 我们就像一支摇滚乐队,他就是我们的主唱 |
[36:14] | We had jogging suits. We was all matching. | 我们有了训练服,有了比赛服 |
[36:16] | We was laced from head to toe. We were sponsored by Adidas now. | 我们从头武装到了脚趾,现在阿迪达斯赞助了我们 |
[36:19] | We was rocking. We like… | 我们扶摇直上了 |
[36:21] | Signing autographs everywhere we went. Taking pictures, you know, kissing babies, | 我们到哪里都有人来要签名,拍照,你知道,我们备受宠爱 |
[36:26] | that kind of thing, so, you know, it was all good. | 就是这么些东西,所以,你知道,都是好事情 |
[36:30] | If that wasn’t bad enough, 300 people waiting for autographs, | 如果这个还不算糟糕,那还有300个人等着要签名 |
[36:32] | but there were guys in their uniforms that had just played the game | 其中有些还穿着比赛服,都还有比赛要打 |
[36:35] | who wanted his autograph. | 也要来问他要签名 |
[36:38] | No autographs, gentlemen. No autographs. | 不给签名,先生,不给签名的 |
[36:40] | – LeBron. – Come on. | |
[36:41] | – LeBron. | – LeBron. |
[36:44] | – LeBron. | – LeBron. LeBron,加油! |
[36:47] | – There he is! – LeBron! | 他在那儿,LeBron! |
[36:50] | We love you, LeBron! | LeBron,我们爱你! |
[36:53] | You know, for me, as a first-year coach, how do you manage this? | 你知道,我只是个菜鸟教练,要如何应对这些呢? |
[36:57] | It was all new, so there were times that, you know, | 这些对我都太新鲜了,所以有时候…… |
[37:00] | I wanted to go out in my backyard and just scream. | 我只想躲回我家的后院里去 |
[37:03] | He had to try to handle that circus, plus keep us on track. | 他要操心这些事,还要帮我们走在正轨上 |
[37:07] | With the amount of expectations, | 人们对我们有这么多的期待 |
[37:08] | the amount of people that were going to the game, | 那么多人来看我们的比赛 |
[37:10] | the teams we were playing, | 我们的对手也因我们受到了更多的关注 |
[37:11] | they were drawing more than we were at the universities. | |
[37:15] | We’d be sitting in the athletic office | 我们坐在体育老师办公室中 |
[37:17] | and the answering machine would come on and it would be The Letterman Show. | 然后采访话筒、录音笔就围了过来 |
[37:21] | We’d all look at each other like, “Oh, my, God.” | 我们只能互相看看,感叹:噢,天哪! |
[37:24] | You know, we were like… It turned adults into kids. | 你知道,这简直就是……连大人们又都变成回孩子 |
[37:28] | When someone has a tremendous amount of talent at such a young age, | 当一个人在这么小的年纪就有这样的才能时 |
[37:32] | we go nuts for it in the United States. More so, I think, than in other countries. | 他所受的关注肯定是很大的,特别是在美国 |
[37:36] | As a journalist, you do think about | 作为一个记者,我会考虑 |
[37:38] | what it’s gonna do to somebody’s life when someone that young, | 到底是什么让这样年轻的一个孩子 |
[37:42] | who hasn’t really done anything yet, is put on the cover of the magazine. | 在还没有做出什么真正的成绩时,就上杂志封面的呢? |
[37:46] | How do you tell 16, 17- year-old kids, “Don’t let it get to your head, | 你要如何告诉一个十六七岁的孩子:“别让这些冲昏了头脑”呢? |
[37:49] | “but there’s about 300 kids out there waiting for autographs”? | 要知道,有300个孩子在门口等着他们签名 |
[37:58] | We definitely had a swagger about us, and we had a strong swagger. | 显然,我们有点轻飘飘了,尾巴翘到了天上 |
[38:10] | Can you talk about your relationship with LeBron James? | 你能谈谈你和LeBron的关系么? |
[38:13] | I’ve seen him play. He’s very talented. | 我见过他打球,他很有才能 |
[38:24] | Ultimately, what it comes down to is the belief in yourself. | 显然,一个人要对自己有自信 |
[38:26] | If he has that, he’ll be fine. | 如果他有才能,就能应付这些 |
[38:33] | LeBron can do some damage on the next level, too. | LeBron在更高的层次也能做出成绩来 |
[38:41] | Damn. Shoots off for another landing. | 哎呀,又是个暴扣 |
[38:44] | One more time. Go slow one more time. | 再放一次!慢动作再放一次! |
[38:48] | One more time. | 再来一次! |
[38:49] | You get that invincibility trait where you think that, | 当你这么想时,你就不可战胜了 |
[38:52] | “Hey, it doesn’t matter. I can turn it on and off whenever I want.” | “这没什么大不了的,我想到就能做到!” |
[38:55] | One thing that you need to be a champion | 你想要夺冠,就要做到一件事 |
[38:57] | that all the greats have done throughout the years, eat Wheaties. | 要年复一年的坚持一件事,就是吃饭 |
[39:03] | Eat Wheaties. Right? Right? That’s all you gotta do, right? | 吃饭,懂不?你得要吃饭! |
[39:07] | When you’ve coached a group of guys from the time they were 10, | 当你从一群孩子十岁就开始执教他们时 |
[39:11] | sometimes, you know, you get to a point where they stop listening to you, | 有时候,你知道他们何时会停下来听你的话 |
[39:14] | they stop hearing you. | 知道他们会听你的话 |
[39:15] | How is that not a part of the play? | 有啥好说的呀? |
[39:18] | Sian was right here, the ball was here. We’re gonna spread the play. Go. | Sian就在那,应该传球,让球流动起来! |
[39:23] | – Even if we don’t, Dru’ll set it up. – Go! | 就算我们做的不对,也不用这样吧 |
[39:26] | I could see some problems coming that could lead to disaster, | 我见到了一些可能造成灾难的问题 |
[39:29] | and I didn’t think there was anything Coach Dru could do about it. | 但是,我也不认为Dru教练就无法解决了 |
[39:32] | We were winning and we were young, so, you know, | 我们一直在赢球,又年轻气盛,所以么…… |
[39:34] | we blew them off, like, “Whatever, we’re gonna win anyway.” | 我们开始轻视对手,觉得自己总能赢的 |
[39:45] | Partying late at night, you know what I’m saying, | 开派对狂欢到深夜,你懂的…… |
[39:47] | having people come visit at the hotel. | 让朋友到旅馆来狂欢,诸如此类 |
[39:50] | We got a game the next day, but who cares? We still winning by 40. | 明天还有比赛,不过谁在乎呢?反正我们能赢40分 |
[39:54] | There were people who were starting to talk | 已经有人开始说 |
[39:55] | about whether they could win a national championship that year. | 他们是不是能在今年再夺一冠呢? |
[40:00] | The difference between a good team and a great team, | 一支好球队和一支伟大球队之间的区别就是 |
[40:02] | it’s the attention to the details. | 两者对细节问题的关注度不同 |
[40:05] | No one wants to talk to one another. | 场上没人开口交流 |
[40:07] | You don’t start talking, you never gonna play for me. | 如果你们不开口,就不要再为我打球了 |
[40:11] | You’ll just be a JV guy sitting at the end of the bench. | 你们只能坐在板凳上看饮水机 |
[40:14] | I mean, I’m just being real with you. | 我是说,我要教你们面对现实 |
[40:16] | All right? If you can’t do those little things, how can we play? | 如果我们不做好这些细节,怎么能赢球呢? |
[40:20] | Off the court, you know, Romeo, he was distant from everybody, | 在场下,Romeo和其他人总是特别疏远 |
[40:24] | so when it came to on the court, you know, we were kind of distant from him. | 所以上了场,我们就有意无意的疏远他 |
[40:39] | We had it rough growing up and, you know, you had to fend for yourself. | 我成长的环境很糟,一切都要自立更生 |
[40:43] | Everything we got, it was, like, precious to us. | 我们拥有的一切都弥足珍贵 |
[40:46] | Saying thank you, thank you, thank you. Through Christ I pray. Amen. | 我们感激您,我主 |
[40:50] | – | – Amen. |
[40:51] | So I thought you… | Amen. 阿门! |
[40:52] | Growing up was hard. It was real hard, you know. | 我的成长过程真的很艰苦,很难 |
[40:55] | Sometimes we didn’t have nothing to eat | 有时候我们没东西果腹 |
[40:57] | and my sister would go put on a big, thick winter coat, | 我的姐姐只好穿上件大衣 |
[41:00] | go steal some ingredients to make some spaghetti, | 去偷点东西,做点通心粉给我们 |
[41:02] | you know, just whatever we needed to do to get by. | 你知道,我们必须十分十分努力来摆脱这些 |
[41:07] | My family moved around so much it was ridiculous. | 我的家庭不停地搬家,这太可笑了 |
[41:10] | Like, I went to maybe six or seven elementary schools. | 我大概上过6、7所小学吧 |
[41:14] | He wasn’t able to establish really long-term friendships | 他没办法和别人交上长久的朋友 |
[41:18] | maybe the way he should have. | 而这也许正是他需要的 |
[41:20] | He took on an attitude, “Each man for his self. | 他不知不觉形成了这种想法:人皆有命 |
[41:23] | “I have to get mine. | 我自有自己的宿命 |
[41:24] | “No one is gonna look out for me. If I don’t get it, then I won’t have it.” | 没人会在乎我的,如果我没有得到,那就是我不该有 |
[41:28] | He wanted to leave. They were a clique, | 他想要离开,因为其他人都抱成一团 |
[41:32] | and he wasn’t a part of it, and it hurt his feelings, and he just felt like, you know, | 而他不属于这之中,这伤害了他,他就有一种感觉 |
[41:37] | why even bother? | 我为什么要自找麻烦呢? |
[41:39] | You know, I had known Romeo not well or well enough where he could talk to me. | 你知道,我和Romeo并不太熟,不知道怎么和他讲话 |
[41:45] | But Dru, Willie and Sian gave him no chance. | 而且Dru、Willie、Sian也没给他机会 |
[41:49] | No chance at all. | 他完全没有任何机会 |
[41:51] | Why you all complaining? | 你们为什么都在抱怨? |
[41:53] | Hey, hey! All right. | 嗨,嗨!没什么大事 |
[41:58] | Hold on, hold on. | 别这样,镇静 |
[42:00] | – That will always get you in trouble. – But I didn’t do anything! | 那会让你陷入麻烦的 可我什么都没做! |
[42:03] | – We need a police escort. – Is you sitting down? | 我们要警察护送 |
[42:07] | – Sit down. – We need a police escort, man. | 坐下 我们要警察护送! |
[42:10] | Everything with Dru and me is intensified. | 在Dru和我的努力下,我们变强了 |
[42:13] | Now we’re on a national scale, and I don’t want any mistakes. | 我们现在在全国舞台上,所以我不想看到任何错误 |
[42:17] | If Dru had a turnover, it was like he had 10 turnovers. | 如果Dru有一次失误,那就好像十次失误那么糟糕 |
[42:22] | We bumped heads because, you know, now I’m requiring perfection from him, | 我们撞头相互鼓励,因为现在我要求他尽善尽美 |
[42:28] | and maybe not from everyone else. | 而或许对于其他人我不会这么严格 |
[42:30] | If you can’t let it go, then let me know it and then I’m not going to play you. | 如果你不能好好打,那告诉我,这样我也不会让你打 |
[42:37] | I just told you, I don’t have an attitude. | 我告诉你,我没有骄傲! |
[42:39] | – Why don’t you listen? – Really. | 你为什么不听? |
[42:43] | Point guard, leader. | 你是控球后卫,是老大! |
[42:46] | The only team that’s gonna beat St. Vincent-St. Mary is us, | 除了我们自己以外没有人能打败St.V-St.M |
[42:49] | and these kind of attitudes is what is going to beat us. | 而正是这种骄傲会让我们失败 |
[42:52] | You just see a complacency that’s creeping in because of the status. | 你可以看到,当我们取得了现在的地位后 一种沾沾自喜的情绪正在悄悄蔓延 |
[42:59] | You’re being built up on this pedestal. It’s so easy for that thing to fall. | 你的成功建立在脆弱的支柱上,而这支柱很容易瓦解 |
[43:08] | We’re the defending state champions, you know? They gotta come beat us. | 我们是卫冕州冠军,你知道么?这种压力会打垮我们 |
[43:11] | I’m not being cocky, but that’s just the type of player I am. | 我并不是要显得骄傲,然而我就是那种运动员 |
[43:14] | I’m guaranteeing, I’m not gonna let my team lose. | 我信心满满,不会让我的队伍失败 |
[43:17] | I don’t want my team losing, and I know they don’t want to lose, | 我不想我的队伍失败,我知道队友也不想输球 |
[43:19] | and I ain’t going to let it happen. | 而我不会让这发生的 |
[43:24] | A sellout crowd awaits us here at the Value City Arena. | 爆满的观众在Value City球馆等待我们 |
[43:27] | Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary will throw their high-powered offense | Akron市的St.V-St.M将会展现他们强有力的进攻 |
[43:30] | up against a team that fully expected to be playing in this game today. | 而他们的对手也对今天的比赛踌躇满志 |
[43:35] | You guys are not ready to play. You’re underestimating these guys. | 你们这些家伙没有准备好比赛,你们低估了你们的对手 |
[43:38] | You guys think you can turn it on and off like a faucet, but you can’t. | 你们以为可以像拧龙头一样轻而易举地打球,但是你们错了 |
[43:42] | If you think this team is gonna walk out there and let you walk away with this, | 如果你们以为你们的对手会走上场任凭你们蹂躏 |
[43:47] | you’re fooling yourselves, right, fellas? You’re fooling yourselves. | 那你们就是在骗自己,小伙子们,自欺欺人 |
[43:51] | A new head coach, Dru Joyce, really stepped into a pressure-cooker job. | 作为一名新教练,Dru Joyce正面临极大的压力 |
[43:54] | It’s gonna be a tough roll for St. Vincent. | 这将是St.V-St.M的一场硬仗 |
[43:56] | Complacent, arrogant, selfishness, that’s not what we’re about. | 自满,骄傲,自私,我们不该这样 |
[44:02] | They believe in their style of play… | 他们对自己打球的方式深信不疑 |
[44:04] | We’re not backing down from these guys. We’re not changing a thing. | 我们不会对这些家伙退让,我们什么也不会改变 |
[44:06] | – We’re going right at them. – That’s why I like this match-up today. | 这就是为什么我喜欢今天的比赛 |
[44:12] | The opening tip for Division II State Championship game, | 二级联赛州冠军争夺战开场跳球 |
[44:14] | and the opening tap was controlled by Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary. | 球权被Akron市St.V-St.M得到 |
[44:18] | We played them earlier that year at Kent State. We blew them up. | 那年早些时候我们和他们在肯特州比过,我们把他们打爆了 |
[44:20] | You know, we’re thinking, “Hey, they can’t beat us.” | 你知道,我们觉得,“嗨,他们不可能打败我们。” |
[44:23] | James working on Wyrick. | James对上Wyrick |
[44:25] | Spins to the baseline, leaves it inside for Travis. | 球到底线,再传给内线的Travis |
[44:28] | I’ll tell you, this young man can pass… | 我会告诉你,这个年轻人很会传球 |
[44:31] | Early on, Roger Bacon, they made it very clear they were a very good team, | 很早以前,Roger Bacon队就清楚地证明了他们是一支很好的球队 |
[44:35] | that it wasn’t going to be easy. | 这场比赛不会是一场轻松的比赛 |
[44:37] | … the Spartans from Roger Bacon. | Roger Bacon得分 |
[44:40] | And it’s Beckham Wyrick put his team back ahead by a point. | Beckham Wyrick得分,现在他的队伍领先一分 |
[44:42] | They go up and down the floor here in the first quarter. | 第一节他们的争夺非常激烈 |
[44:45] | – Let’s go! | – Let’s go! Pick it up! |
[44:48] | We struggled early. | 我们早早陷入苦战 |
[44:49] | LeBron couldn’t do some of the things that he had done so easily. | LeBron无法完成那些平日轻而易举的事情 |
[44:52] | They played here this morning in Columbus. | 这场在Columbus的比赛非常精彩 |
[44:54] | The media crush… And the fourth personal foul on LeBron James | 场边一阵喧哗,LeBron第四次个人犯规 |
[44:58] | as he spins into the lane and a charge is called. | 当他突破内线,却被吹罚带球撞人 |
[45:01] | It’s just like everything happened wrong at the right time. | 这就好像一切都恰到好处地出了乱子 |
[45:05] | In this third quarter with no points… | |
[45:13] | Able to answer the drive by James. | |
[45:16] | Seven minutes and 10 seconds remaining in the Division II State Championship game | 二级联赛州冠军战还有7分10秒结束 |
[45:20] | here in the Value City Arena in Columbus. | |
[45:22] | Offensive rebounding a big factor. | 进攻篮板是一个关键因素 |
[45:24] | In this one, that’s been one of the reasons that Roger Bacon has… | 这正是Roger Bacon能领先的原因 |
[45:27] | James can’t finish it inside. Took the lob from Dru, | James无法在内线得手 |
[45:30] | Dru Joyce, who can’t finish, and it’s a five on four game right now. | Dru Joyce也没打进,五打四! |
[45:33] | James a little slow getting back down the court. | 回到场上后,James的速度稍微变慢 |
[45:35] | And that’s what’s hurting ’em. That’s what’s hurting ’em. | 这点让他们很受伤 |
[45:37] | – St. Clair from the baseline scores. – You cannot sit back and watch. | St. Clair在底线得分,你不能坐视不管啊 |
[45:42] | We just started unraveling. | 我们开始崩溃 |
[45:45] | It’s on the baseline now. Wyrick got blocked from behind. | Wyrick在底线附近被拉了下来 |
[45:47] | And if that’s on Romeo Travis, he’s just fouled out of the game. | 如果犯规吹在Romeo Travis上的话,他就该犯满离场了 |
[45:51] | Travis beside himself. | Travis无法控制自己的情绪了! |
[45:56] | And Travis has fouled out of the game. | 他真的犯满离场了 |
[45:59] | We’re in the back seat right now. We gotta do something. | 我们现在落后着,我们必须做点什么 |
[46:03] | Under a minute and a half to go, LeBron James flies to the baseline and… | 比赛还有1分半,James在底线高高跳起 |
[46:07] | Finishes with a big-time flourish. | 完成了一个漂亮的扣篮 |
[46:09] | That was definitely big time there. | 这绝对是个关键性的时刻 |
[46:11] | Working on Wyrick, into the lane. | 面对Wyrick,突到禁区 |
[46:14] | They kick it back to Dru Joyce, and it’s knocked away… | 球回传给Dru Joyce,但是被拍掉 |
[46:29] | The lead stands at three with 22 seconds left. | 分差持续在3分,还有22秒 |
[46:31] | 66-63, Cincinnati Roger Bacon, | 66比63,辛辛那提的Roger Bacon领先 |
[46:34] | Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary with the basketball, | Akron市的St.V-St.M拥有球权 |
[46:37] | with 17 seconds left in the game. | 比赛还有17秒 |
[46:40] | Score and time, lower right of your screen. Mraz curls up a… | 时间和得分都很紧迫,右侧底线掩护,Mraz跳起出手 |
[46:46] | With nine seconds left and a foul is called. | 此时还有9秒,裁判又吹了一次犯规 |
[46:49] | And a technical foul has now been called | 这是一个技术犯规 |
[46:51] | on Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary’s Dru Joyce. | 吹给的是St.V-St.M的Dru Joyce |
[46:54] | The player, Dru Joyce, who disgustedly fires the basketball | 在被吹犯规之后,Dru |
[46:57] | at the basket after the foul was called, | Joyce愤怒的把球摔到了篮板上 |
[47:00] | and Dru Joyce has just been hit with a technical foul. | Dre Joyce刚刚被吹了一个技术犯规 |
[47:02] | The key to this is now, after the free throws, | 现在的关键是罚球之后该怎么办 |
[47:05] | Roger Bacon gets the basketball. | Roger Bacon得到球权 |
[47:07] | Well, for all intents and purposes, that put the nail in the coffin, I think, for St. V. | 这对St.V来说已经是板上钉钉了 |
[47:12] | A lack of composure down the stretch has hurt Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary. | 比赛最后时刻的不冷静让St.V-St.M吃尽苦头 |
[47:17] | At the line will be… | 准备好走上罚球线的是… |
[47:34] | Cincinnati Roger Bacon has upset Akron’s St. Vincent-St. Mary | Roger Bacon高中逆转了Akron的St.V-St.M |
[47:37] | and won the Division II State Championship. | 赢得了二级联赛冠军 |
[47:40] | The first loss to a team from the state of Ohio | 这是这支来自俄亥俄州的球队自从98-99赛季以来 |
[47:43] | since the 1998-’99 season. | 遭遇的第一场失利 |
[47:46] | Cincinnati Roger Bacon is the Division II State Champions. | 辛辛那提Roger Bacon是二级联赛的冠军 |
[48:44] | I never thought I’d be a basketball coach. I grew up playing football, | 我从来没想过我会成为一名篮球教练,我从小是玩橄榄球长大的 |
[48:50] | and if it was gonna be anything coaching-wise, it would’ve been football. | 如果我真的做教练的话,也只会是橄榄球教练 |
[48:54] | The way I approached basketball, | 我开始接触篮球 |
[48:58] | once I understood that this is what Dru wanted to do, | 是因为我明白了这才是Dru想要做的事情 |
[49:01] | was to give him the best that I could give him, | 这是我能够给他最好的东西 |
[49:05] | and, honestly, my knowledge of basketball was not great. | 老实说,我的篮球知识并不充足 |
[49:11] | I think that I’ve learned in a nontraditional way. | 我觉得我是通过一种非传统的方式学习的 |
[49:14] | I’m a lot older getting started doing this | 比起其他人,我接触篮球的年纪要大得多 |
[49:17] | because I was just a dad, honestly, helping out my son. | 因为我已经是一位父亲了,我在帮助自己的孩子成长 |
[49:22] | Interspersed in here are books from different authors. | 在这儿有一些不同的作家写的书 |
[49:26] | Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, he wrote a book. I got his book, | 这本是贾巴尔写的,我喜欢这本 |
[49:30] | and Great Quotes, I use that all the time with the guys. | 还有《伟大的引言》,我一直给别人推荐这本书 |
[49:34] | These are all the videos. That’s how I’ve learnt the games and grown as a coach. | 这些录像带让我学会如何成为一名教练 |
[49:40] | This is where I spend a lot of time. | 我在上面花了大量的时间 |
[49:44] | You keep learning. You don’t ever stop learning, | 我要不断的学习,从不间断 |
[49:47] | and I’m committed to never stopping to learn. | 我也承诺不会有停下的一天 |
[49:49] | As long as I coach, I’m going to keep learning. | 只要我还是一个教练,我就要一直学下去 |
[49:52] | I want them to be the best | 我希望他们都能成为最好的 |
[49:53] | and for them to be the best I felt like I had to try to be the best, so… | 如果他们要成为最好的,我就必须尽我的全力去教他们 |
[50:08] | My dad took the loss real hard. I mean, | 我爸爸对失败看得很重 |
[50:11] | a lot of articles and reporters really let him have it. | 大量的文章和记者的问题让他有了这种忌惮 |
[50:16] | There was an article written after the loss of the state championship, | 在失去州冠军后,我儿子写了一篇文章 |
[50:20] | and he wrote, “When the team needed me most, I wasn’t there. “ | “当球队最需要我的时候,我却不再那儿” |
[50:29] | You have to consummate your dreams. | 你必须去完成自己的梦想 |
[50:33] | We can only do that by being dreamers ourselves | 要做到的话,我们必须做一个梦想家 |
[50:37] | and pondering for years what dreams look like. | 年复一年的寻思,梦想到底是怎样的 |
[50:42] | You got a choice, and your choice has impact upon your direction. | 你的选择会影响你的方向 |
[50:47] | And if you don’t use your choice, don’t blame God, | 如果不把握好你的选择,就不要去责怪上帝 |
[50:50] | don’t blame the people around you, don’t blame your circumstances. | 不要责怪身边的人,不要责怪你周围的环境 |
[50:53] | You can use your choice. You can exercise your… | 把握好你的选择 |
[51:01] | After the season, I thought about it and I recognized that | 在那个赛季之后,我思考,然后意识到 |
[51:08] | I had gotten caught up, you know, and lost that perspective. | 自己变得困惑了,失去了方向 |
[51:14] | My job wasn’t about basketball. | 我的工作不是关于篮球 |
[51:17] | It was about helping them become men, and I got caught up | 而是要帮助他们成为男子汉,而我却在胜负当中迷失了 |
[51:23] | in the winning and the losing, and I forgot, really, what I was there for. | 忘记了我在这个位置上的目的 |
[51:32] | I’m going to do what I believe God sent me here to do, | 我决定去做那些自己力所能及的事 |
[51:37] | and that’s to build some character in you guys. | 那就是帮助你们塑造自己的特性 |
[51:42] | You can get onboard with me and run with me, | 你们可以和我一起向前奔跑和战斗 |
[51:45] | or you don’t have to, but this is the direction I’m taking the team. | 或者你可以选择“不”,但是我仍会这样带领球队 |
[51:52] | They just recommitted themselves, you know, to the game and to each other. | 他们再次对比赛和彼此许下承诺 |
[51:59] | They looked at it and they had a resolve, “We’re not losing anymore.” | 他们相互而视,有了一个决定:“我们不会再输球了” [2002年7月 高四前的夏天] |
[52:13] | Five, six, seven, up. | 五,六,七,好! |
[52:28] | Come on, boys. You gotta give me more… | 嘿,孩子们,你们要再多做几次 |
[52:43] | Going into senior season I started thinking, | 在第三年的时候我开始想 |
[52:46] | “How am I gonna set our team up the right way to win it next year?” | “我要怎么带领球队让他们在明年赢球?” |
[52:48] | It was an eye-opener for me, | 这让我思路开阔 |
[52:51] | on me being a leader that I wanted to be for our team. | 让我懂得如何成为球队的领袖 |
[52:55] | I remember sitting in an American Government class | 我记得我和Sian和LeBron在一门讲美国政府的课上 |
[52:57] | with Sian and Bron, like, “Man, | 好像是说,嘿,伙计们 |
[53:00] | “this is our last year. We have to win. I’m doing whatever Coach Dru say. | 这是我们最后一年了,我们必须赢得冠军 我会去做Dru教练说的任何事情 |
[53:04] | “If anybody say something to him, | 如果有人对他泼凉水的话 |
[53:06] | “I’m getting on them. You know what I’m saying?” | 我就不会对他们客气,你知道我的意思么? |
[53:08] | We couldn’t get past that father-son part and the coach and player part. | 我们之间不仅仅是教练和球员的关系,还是父与子的联系 |
[53:12] | I just handled it terribly. | 我把这种关系处理的很糟 |
[53:14] | I just been trying to listen to everything he has to say ’cause I know, | 我一直试图听从他说的所有东西 |
[53:17] | even though I might think I’m right, he’s the coach. | 因为我知道即便我认为我是正确的,但是他才是教练 |
[53:20] | I can’t look at it with that father-son thing. I can’t bring that into the table. | 我不能把这看作是一种父子层面上的东西,我不能这么想 |
[53:27] | If we’re going to be the best, we have to beat the best. | 如果我们要成为最强的,我们就必须击败最强的 |
[53:31] | And the only way you can beat the best | 而做到这唯一的途径就是 |
[53:32] | is if you put them on a schedule and play them. | 把他们排上计划表,然后和他们比赛 |
[53:35] | We were ranked 23. We took that as a sign of disrespect. | 我们的排名是23名,我认为这是一种不尊重 |
[53:39] | We were committed to proving them wrong. | 我们发誓要证明他们的错误眼光 |
[53:42] | It was gonna be the last time we played together. | 这是我们最后并肩作战的时刻了 |
[53:44] | That’s what made it so important. | 所以它更加的重要 |
[53:45] | This was our last opportunity to do | 这是我们最后的机会 |
[53:47] | what we’ve been dreaming about since the fifth grade. | 来实现我们自从五年级就开始的梦想 |
[53:55] | It was tough because Willie had been through so much, | 这很难,因为Willie经过了很多艰难的时刻 |
[53:58] | but I recognized that, for the good of the team, that Corey had to start. | 但是我意识到,从对球队的利益角度上看,Corey必须是首发 |
[54:10] | This is Willie’s yearbook. Think he was, like, fifth grade. | 这是Willie的纪念册,他当时才在读五年级 |
[54:14] | “What do you want to be in the future?” “A basketball player in the NBA.” | 你将来想要做什么? 成为NBA里的篮球手 |
[54:19] | “If you had one wish, what would it be?” | 如果你有一个愿望,它会是什么? |
[54:22] | “For my future to come true.” | 愿我的未来能够梦想成真 |
[54:26] | I looked up to him at everything. A person I could talk to, | 我在一切事情上都仰望着他,他是我能够谈心的人 |
[54:29] | wanted to be a point guard just like him. | 我想要成为像他一样的控卫 |
[54:33] | Growing up in Chicago, my mother and father going through things at the time. | 我在芝加哥长大,爸妈遭遇了很多事情 |
[54:37] | My sister was taking care of me at the time, primarily. | 那时主要是姐姐照看我 |
[54:40] | Willie saw a family pretty much be stifled by drugs and alcohol and jail | Willie见证了一个几乎被毒品、酒精以及监狱扼杀的家庭 |
[54:46] | and things like that. | 诸如此类的事情 |
[54:48] | He was struggling at school. Self-esteem was really low. | 他在学校的日子不好过,自尊心严重不足 |
[54:52] | My sister felt like I needed a male influence in my life. | 我的姐姐觉得我需要一点男性的影响 |
[54:55] | Willie moved from Chicago in here, moved in with his brother, who was still, | Willie从芝加哥搬至这儿,还有他的哥哥 |
[54:59] | you know, fresh out of college. It was kind of tough on Willie. | 当时他哥才刚进大学,所以这对Willie有点艰难 |
[55:03] | You know, Willie was the youngest child in the family at that time, | 你知道,Willie是他们家最小的孩子 |
[55:05] | so it was emotional. | 所以他的故事很让人感动 |
[55:07] | I remember the weekend before I left, | 我记得我离开前的那个周末 |
[55:09] | my sister taking me to go wash all my clothes, so I have stuff clean. | 我姐姐带着我把我所有衣服洗了一遍,这样我就穿着整洁了 |
[55:13] | She folded all my stuff, put it in a trash bag, | 她把我的东西都叠好,放进一个垃圾袋里 |
[55:15] | and I remember waking up early that morning and being excited to go, | 我记得那天我醒得很早,对于搬家感到很兴奋 |
[55:19] | and then her being there, you know what I’m saying, | 然后她出现了,你知道我的意思 |
[55:21] | making sure all my clothes were there, | 她检查了我所有的衣服都在 |
[55:23] | you know what I’m saying, driving off and her being in the rearview, | 然后随着车子启动,她慢慢在后视镜里消失 |
[55:28] | that was real hard. | 这真让我不好受 |
[55:34] | I’m thinking I was probably maybe about 22, 23 | 那时我大约22、23岁 |
[55:38] | when he came up here, and, you know, it was hard. | 当他刚来这儿时,日子很艰难 |
[55:42] | We didn’t have any money, you know. We were college students, | 我们没有钱,我们是大学生 |
[55:46] | and to bring a child into our lives, | 还要让一个孩子融入我们的生活 |
[55:49] | we just couldn’t do some of the things that a 22-year-old college student would do. | 我们无法像正常的22岁大学生一样做一些事情 |
[55:54] | We had to stay home some nights when friends of ours had invited us out, | 某些晚上我们必须拒绝朋友们的邀请而待在家里 |
[55:59] | or we had to find a babysitter or something like that. | 或者必须找个保姆之类的 |
[56:03] | – Well, Will, what you think? – I like it. | -Will,怎么样? -我喜欢 |
[56:07] | – Were you surprised? – Yes. | -你感到惊讶吗? -是的 |
[56:10] | Going into high school, he was probably one of the top athletes in the city. | 在上高中的时候,他是城里最好的运动员 |
[56:14] | In my freshman year playing football, I dislocated my shoulder. | 我第一年玩橄榄球的时候肩膀脱臼 |
[56:17] | Ever since then, I just felt like my basketball game wasn’t the same. | 从那时起,我就觉得我打篮球的感觉也和以前不同了 |
[56:21] | He lost his touch, you know. He could never get really fully in shape, | 他丢失了那种感觉,没法再完全恢复过来 |
[56:27] | and it was just… I just think that shoulder just really did him wrong. | 我觉得那个脱臼过的肩膀是罪魁祸首 |
[56:30] | I felt his pain, as an athlete, as a big brother, as a father figure. | 作为一名运动员,一个大哥哥,一个父亲的角色 我感受得到他的疼痛 |
[56:36] | You know, the passion that he has, and to see something taken from him. | 他是那么的热情,却眼睁睁地看着它被夺走 |
[56:43] | That probably was the hardest time of his life. | 那可能是他一生中最艰难的时光 |
[56:47] | It hurt a lot. It really did. You know what I’m saying? | 真的让我很受伤,你知道我的意思吗? |
[56:50] | But you can make your opportunity happen wherever. | 但是无论在哪你都能找到你的机会 |
[56:55] | I definitely learned a lot from my brother about sacrifice. | 我从我哥哥身上学到了很多关于“牺牲”的东西 |
[56:59] | I can’t imagine what he had to go through for me to be there. | 我无法想象他都经历了多少,才让我成了现在这样 |
[57:07] | I think in order for you to excel or achieve, you have to make sacrifices, | 我认为,你和Sian应该做出点牺牲 |
[57:14] | and if you really love and you care for people around you, you know, you sacrifice for them as well as yourself. | 如果你真的在乎身边的人,你会愿意牺牲,也是为了你自己 |
[57:24] | When Willie didn’t start, he could’ve cried and bitched about it, but he didn’t. | 当Willie失去首发位置时,他可以抱怨,但没有 |
[57:28] | He came off the bench for the betterment of the team, | 为了使球队变得更好,他愿意替补出场 |
[57:30] | and when I seen that, I realized | 我看到了这点,意识到,有些东西是高于个人的,高于我们每个人 |
[57:32] | that it was something bigger than individuals, | |
[57:34] | it was just something bigger than all of us. | |
[57:37] | Today, | 今天此时,是我们生活中最重要、最关键的时刻之一 |
[57:39] | you know, this is one of the biggest, most pivotal times of our life, right now. | |
[57:43] | When a link breaks, everything falls apart. | 假如某个环节断了,所有的部分都会散架 |
[57:46] | Can’t ride a bike with no chain, you know what I mean? | 你无法骑一辆没有链条的自行车,你知道我的意思吗? |
[57:49] | Think of it as a wing. You know what I’m saying? A unit. | 我们是一个整体 |
[57:53] | I wanted to be a part of something besides basketball. | 我想要加入他们,不仅仅是在篮球的范畴内 |
[57:58] | You know, those guys were friends outside of basketball. | 我想和他们成为球场外的朋友 |
[58:00] | Hung out all the time, you know? | 想要一直在一起 |
[58:02] | No matter how you think about it, you want to be a part. | 无论你怎么想,都会愿意成为其中的一部分 |
[58:05] | That catalyst, that leader, | 那儿有融洽的气氛、有球队领袖 |
[58:07] | that person that you can lean on, confide in and talk to. | 有那个你可以依赖、倾述和交谈的人 |
[58:10] | But I think once you felt the love that we all have for each other, | 一旦你能感受到我们互相之间的爱 |
[58:13] | I think that was bigger than being selfish. So out of the Fab 4, we got together | 那你就会忘掉自私自利的想法 因此,我们“F4”聚在一起 |
[58:18] | and decided that we wanted to make it the Fab 5. | 做了个决定――我们要成为先发五虎 |
[58:21] | Senior year, it was all five of us, hands on each other’s shoulders. | 我们5人心意相通 各自把手放在其他兄弟肩上 |
[58:25] | Nothing can stand in our way, nothing’s gonna separate us. | 没有任何事情可以阻挡我们的路,没有任何事情可以分离我们 |
[58:33] | A high-school game has attracted a crowd of 10,000 here tonight, | 一场校际比赛今晚,一场高中比赛吸引大约1万人到场 |
[58:37] | but it’s not just any high-school game. It’s phenom LeBron James | 不过这可不是任何一场普通的中学校际比赛 |
[58:40] | against the number-one ranked team in the country, Oak Hill. | 而是“奇迹”LeBron挑全国第一的Oak Hill |
[58:44] | Oak Hill is this basketball factory. | Oak Hill是篮球明星制造机 |
[58:46] | It’s where kids go to become major college stars and pros, | 那里的许多孩子未来会成为大学、职业篮坛的中坚力量 |
[58:49] | so, to have the opportunity to beat them is like to beat a national all-star team. | 所以如果有机会打败他们,就像打败了一支全美明星队一样 |
[58:54] | The stakes of that game were massive. | 无数人对这场比赛下了巨注 |
[58:56] | Dick Vitale and Bill Walton came in to do the game. | Dick Vital和Bill Walton赶来转播这场比赛 |
[58:59] | I mean, it was treated like it was a Duke-North Carolina game. | 我是说,这场比赛俨然被看作 一场杜克和北卡大学的比赛 |
[59:02] | There was so much pressure to see what this kid and this team had. | 人们都想看看那孩子有啥与众不同,这给他们带去了重压 |
[59:06] | – How good is LeBron James? – Well, simply put, Dan, | Lebron James到底有多好? |
[59:09] | LeBron James is the best high-school basketball player | 这么说吧,LeBron |
[59:11] | I have ever seen, and I think, as a 17-year-old, | James是我见到的最好的中学篮球队员 |
[59:14] | he’s better than Kobe Bryant was at the same age. | 我认为,17岁的他比17岁的科比更出色 |
[59:17] | We felt like, in order to win a national championship, | 我们感到,要赢得全美冠军 |
[59:20] | we had to beat Oak Hill. | 我们必须打败他们 |
[59:22] | For LeBron James, as great as he is, | 对LeBron James来说,尽管他很厉害 |
[59:24] | this is the best high-school team in the country, | 但对手是全美最好的中学 |
[59:26] | some of the best competition he’s ever faced. | 他要面对的是他一生中最大的竞争挑战 |
[59:28] | When you see a team like an Oak Hill, great players from all over the country, | 当你面对一支像Oak Hill这样的球队 面对这些来自全国各地的优秀球员 |
[59:33] | well, I got a group of kids from, pretty much, the neighborhood. | 我只能说,我的球员是一群来自同一街坊的孩子 |
[59:49] | That was our chant before the games, before we came out. | 这是一首我们赛前唱的励志歌 我们会在出场前唱 |
[59:53] | It was letting people know that this is not the same team that came out last year. | 我们要让观众知道,这已不是去年那支球队了 |
[1:00:02] | “We’re the Soul Squad,” because it’s, like, all of us together. | 我们如此的团结,就像所有人都成连一体了 |
[1:00:06] | We weren’t here for no fun and games. It was serious, it was business-like, | 我们来到这里并不是为了嬉戏,而是非常正式的 |
[1:00:11] | and it was exactly what the song said, “We ready.” | 完全就像这首歌唱的那样:我们准备好了! [Irish碾过全美第一名] |
[1:00:23] | I think that was the first pillar of our season | 我认为,这是我们赛季的第一个强有力的支柱 |
[1:00:25] | that let us know that we could make a run at this whole thing. | 让我们懂得,我们有能力排除万难,取得成功 |
[1:00:30] | They only played, like, maybe three or four Ohio teams. | 哇塞,他们一口气打败了3、4支俄亥俄球队 |
[1:00:34] | Forget about the yellow school buses. | 现在忘掉那黄色的校车吧 |
[1:00:36] | They’re going up to the Akron-Canton Airport, | 他们要赶去俄亥俄州机场了 |
[1:00:38] | and flying to their games. | 他们要坐飞机去参加比赛 |
[1:00:59] | Are you serious? Are you serious? Are you serious? | 你是认真的吗?你是认真的吗??你是认真的吗??? |
[1:01:08] | We weren’t just beating teams. We were dismantling them. | 我们不仅是打败那些球队,我们根本是碾碎了他们 |
[1:01:18] | Playing the best basketball of our lives, by far. | 这是迄今为止我们生命中打过的最好的篮球 |
[1:01:27] | There was no complacency with us. | 我们从没有自满过 |
[1:01:28] | I mean, we would win the one game and it was time to move on to the next. | 我是说,我们一赢下一场比赛,就马上去准备下一场 |
[1:01:57] | We went to Philly to play Strawberry Mansion, | 我们飞到费城,挑战Strawberry Mansion队 |
[1:01:59] | which was the best team that Philly had, the best scoring high-school basketball | 它是费城最好的高中球队 他们有Delkin地区最好的高中篮球得分手 |
[1:02:02] | in Philadelphia. More than Wilt Chamberlain. | 比Wilt Chamberlain还好 |
[1:02:05] | And we dominated them. | 而我们完全统治了他们 |
[1:02:15] | Played the best team in North Carolina. Blew them out. | 我们还去和北卡最好的球队打了一场 把他们打了个落花流水 |
[1:02:21] | We were winning the way we were supposed to win. | 我们按真正能赢球的方式打球 |
[1:02:23] | We were winning by defense. | 靠防守取胜 |
[1:02:40] | You know, my teammates is like my brothers. | 你知道,我的队友就像我的兄弟 |
[1:02:42] | And, you know, coach is like my brother. You know, we all a big family. | 你知道,我的教练就像我兄长,你也知道,我们就是一个大家庭 |
[1:02:49] | Let’s take it to them off-white velours you got on. | 让我来脱下你那白裤子吧 |
[1:02:52] | – These are white as day. – No. Yesterday. | 哇,裤子白的像“白天”一样 不,是“昨天”,哈哈! |
[1:02:59] | It seems like more guys are getting into the mix. | 看起来更多的队员融入到了球队中 |
[1:03:02] | Well, yeah, there’s a chemistry here that, honestly, last year we didn’t have, | 恩,我们有很好的化学反应,坦率地讲,这是去年没有过的 |
[1:03:06] | and then there’s a commitment here to defend. | 因为,大家都对球迷有过承诺 |
[1:03:09] | We won because we were together. | 我们赢球,是因为我们是一个整体 |
[1:03:11] | We won because we respected Coach Dru as a coach, as a mentor, as a leader, | 我们赢球,是因为我们尊重Dru教练 我们视他如导师、领袖 |
[1:03:16] | and we had one goal, and that was to win the national championship, | 我们只有一个目标,那就是赢得全美冠军 |
[1:03:20] | and we wouldn’t let nothing stand in our way. | 我们不会让任何事情阻挡我们的前进之路 |
[1:03:38] | LeBron James brings his act to the west coast, | LeBron James带队来到西海岸 |
[1:03:41] | as St. Vincent-St. Mary of Akron, Ohio, | 他将率队挑战这里的老牌劲旅,四号种子Mater |
[1:03:44] | Dei takes on a powerhouse from Santa Ana, California, number four, Mater Dei, | |
[1:03:49] | here in Pauley Pavilion in Los Angeles. | 比赛将在洛杉矶Pauley球馆举行 |
[1:03:51] | You know, there’s a lot at stake in this game. | 你知道,这场比赛走势很难预料 |
[1:03:53] | The winning team will be taking over the number-one ranking in the country. | 比赛的胜者将在全美中学篮球排行榜上占据头把交椅 |
[1:03:58] | Now, Dan, the Irish are gonna have to find a way to do it today | Dan,Irish今天需要想想办法了 |
[1:04:01] | without Sian Cotton, one of their strong inside forces. | 因为他们队的强力中锋Sian Cotton将缺阵 |
[1:04:05] | Undefeated on the season. Without him, they’re a different team. | 对赛季不败的他们来说,少了他就很不一样了 |
[1:04:11] | When I was about 10 years old my dad told me, | 我10岁那年,我老爸对我说 |
[1:04:14] | “‘lf you don’t get a scholarship, you’re not going to college. “‘ | 如果你拿不到奖学金,就无法读大学 |
[1:04:18] | Growing up being Lee Cotton Junior’s son, we couldn’t go anywhere | 作为Lee |
[1:04:22] | without somebody recognizing our dad, | Cotton的儿子,在成长过程中 无论我们走到什么地方,都无法避免有人认出老爸 |
[1:04:24] | and somebody telling us, “Your dad was a bad boy at South High School. | 总会有人告诉我们,你们老爸在南方中学时是个坏小子 |
[1:04:28] | “And listen to what he has to tell you.” | 听着他们对你讲这些,我们总想让父亲为我们感到骄傲 |
[1:04:30] | So we always wanted to make our dad proud, | |
[1:04:33] | especially since he’s the one who taught us how to play. | 特别是他就是那个教我们如何打球的人 |
[1:04:37] | Sian really looked up to him a lot and copied a lot of things that LC did. | Sian对哥哥十分崇拜,总是模仿LC的动作 |
[1:04:41] | You know, wanted to be like LC. | 你知道的,就是想变成LC |
[1:04:44] | We started taking dance when I was four, probably. I mean, I liked it. | 大概四岁时,我们就一起去学舞蹈课了 我是说,我很喜欢这课 |
[1:04:49] | He was a ballerina. | 他是跳芭蕾女主角的 |
[1:04:52] | And then when LC started to grow a mustache, Sian went in the bathroom, | LC长胡子的时候,Sian跑进卫生间 |
[1:04:55] | got some eyeliner and painted a mustache on himself | 找到一些眼线笔,在自己脸上画上胡子 |
[1:04:58] | so he could have a mustache like his brother. | 这样,他就可以像哥哥那样也有了胡子 |
[1:05:03] | Growing up, he was more than a brother. He was my teacher, too. | 我的成长过程中,他不止是兄长,还是我的老师 |
[1:05:06] | A lot of the beliefs that I have now he installed in me. | 我现在很多的信仰、准则都是源自他的培养 |
[1:05:10] | You know, sports was more than just a game. | 比如说,运动不仅是一场比赛而已 |
[1:05:12] | It was something that taught you how to be a man. | 而且还能够打动你,教你如何成为男人 |
[1:05:16] | I was hard on him because, at an early age, I realized he was better than I was. | 我对他很严格,因为我很早就认识到,他比我更强 |
[1:05:21] | LC, as more of a leader, was able to give Sian some direction. | LC更像一个领袖,他能够给Sian一些建议和方向 |
[1:05:28] | Once he started seeing how his basketball skills tied into his football skills, | 一旦他开始懂得怎么回事后,他的篮球技能、天赋 开始跟他的橄榄球技能天赋合二为一 |
[1:05:32] | he looked at me and said, “This football thing is me.” | 他看着我说,“我对橄榄球很有天赋。” |
[1:05:35] | And I said, “I know, so we’re gonna do it.” | 我回答,“我知道,所以我们要干下去。” |
[1:05:38] | Hello, everybody. A big day for a big name in local high-school football. | 各位观众,你们好 今天是本地中学橄榄球队一个重要人物的很重要的一天 |
[1:05:42] | Sian Cotton was named the U.S. Army All-American Player. | Sian Cotton当选为“全美军队全明星球员” |
[1:05:45] | He’s one of just 78 high-school players across the country to be selected. | 他是在全国范围内被选上的 是全美高中仅有的78位球员之一 |
[1:05:49] | With that honor comes an invite to play in the All-American Bowl and the defensive… | 跟这项荣誉一起宣布的是一份参加“美国碗”的邀请 他是防守组中的一员 |
[1:05:54] | The football game was the same weekend we were set to play Mater Dei. | 可是,这场比赛的时间有冲突 和我们早被定好的跟Mater Dei队的比赛,是同一个周末 |
[1:05:59] | I felt like I didn’t want to let my teammates down, | 我感到,我不想让我的队友失望 |
[1:06:02] | but at the same time I didn’t want to let my family down. | 但同时,我也不想让我家人失望 |
[1:06:06] | We needed Sian out there. We couldn’t lose. We couldn’t afford to lose. | 我们需要Sian在场上,我们不能失败,我们无法负担得起失败 |
[1:06:09] | We lost, it’s over. Our dream is down the toilet. | 如果输掉,那就全完了。我们的梦也会破灭,我这么对他说 |
[1:06:14] | I told him, “This right here is all about you, me, and my mom and my dad. “ | 我对他讲,成败就此一举,这与你、我、老爸、老妈息息相关 |
[1:06:20] | L helped me realize it was more than just me playing football, you know? | LC帮助我意识到,这不仅是我在打橄榄球比赛 |
[1:06:25] | It was my ticket to go to college. | 而且这是我进入大学的门票 |
[1:06:28] | So now we’re missing one of our key guys. | 现在我们缺了我们一位关键队员 |
[1:06:31] | Willie is put into a position where he has to play and start. | 所以Willie需要作为先发打两个位置 |
[1:06:34] | Mater Dei is basically the same team that we had lost to in eighth grade. | 基本说来,Mater Dei就是我们8年级时输过的球队 |
[1:06:38] | Remember these Mater Dei players played against James at an AAU tournament | 记住这些Mater |
[1:06:41] | a few years ago, when they were eighth-graders… | Dei队员吧 他们就是几年前8年级时在AAU锦标赛与James的球队比赛的队员 |
[1:06:43] | And they beat LeBron back in Orlando in the 14-and-under AAU championship. | 他们还在奥兰多14岁以下AAU冠军决赛中打败了LeBron |
[1:06:48] | I don’t know if they remember, but I know everybody on my team | 我不知道他们还记不记得,但是我知道我永不会忘记 |
[1:06:51] | definitely did, like, “We ain’t forgetting not one of those faces.” | 我们不会忘记他们中任何一人的样子 |
[1:06:55] | It was basically like you had a “Won it” ad on our locker-room door. | 就像你对更衣室大门一样熟悉 |
[1:06:58] | We wanted this game more than anything. | 我们想赢这场比赛,超过想要任何其他事情 |
[1:07:05] | Joyce gonna settle things down a little bit. His coach, his dad. | Joyce先发登场,他的教练就是他爸 |
[1:07:11] | Joyce misses the three, now a run-out for Mater Dei. | Joyce投丢了一个三分,Mater Dei快攻了 |
[1:07:15] | And is slammed by Marcel Jones, a 6’11″…6’7″, rather, junior. | Marcel Jones扣篮! 66:67 Mater Dei领先 |
[1:07:19] | That’s where Mater Dei can score a lot of points. | 这就是为何Mater Dei投进了这么多分 |
[1:07:22] | Here is Strawberry, has it blocked! | 哎呀,Strawberry队被盖帽了! |
[1:07:29] | Here’s James. Look at the pass! | James,不看人背传! |
[1:07:33] | Showtime early for LeBron James. | 比赛早早成了Lebron James的表演时刻! |
[1:07:45] | Upper… Yes. | LeBron,有了! |
[1:07:52] | … to Jones. Same spot, same result! | Perry Jones,同样位置,同样的进球! |
[1:07:58] | He gets the ball inside, triple-team. What a pass! | James内线拿球,三人包夹,多么精彩的传球! |
[1:08:03] | James. | 还是James |
[1:08:06] | McGee with a put-back. | McGee把球送回篮筐! |
[1:08:09] | Time’s winding down on Mater Dei, | Mater Dei的时间不够了 |
[1:08:11] | as LeBron James and St. Vincent-St. Mary of Akron, Ohio, remain undefeated. | LeBron和St.V-St.M 带着不败战绩回到了Akron市 |
[1:08:16] | They pick up their third win over a top-10 team already this season. | 面对前10的球队,他们这个赛季已经拿下三胜了 |
[1:08:22] | When we won that game, it felt like I had some revenge. | 我们赢下了比赛,感觉就好象是我报了仇 |
[1:08:25] | It felt like I could close the book on that deal. | 结束了这一章,赢下了这一仗 |
[1:08:31] | Seeing what we had accomplished from a few months ago, being ranked 23rd, | 我们已经从几个月前排名第23位 |
[1:08:36] | or years ago, when we weren’t ranked at all, | 或者几年前根本没资格排名 |
[1:08:39] | or even more years ago, when we weren’t mentioned. | 再或者甚至更早时别人提都不会提到了现在的地步 |
[1:08:44] | The day it came out, and we’ve seen that St. Vincent-St. Mary | 我们见证了St.V-St.M成为全美中学篮球队第一名 |
[1:08:48] | was number one in the country, it was probably one of the best days of our lives. | 这是我们一生中最好的日子之一 我们没在做梦! |
[1:09:43] | But there isn’t a person | 就是这些人 |
[1:09:44] | or an organization that put Akron on the map | 我们这样的背景 |
[1:09:47] | like this St. Vincent-St. Mary basketball team players. | 不需其他语言,篮球让我们走到一起,无论你信与不信! [条幅:全美第一!] |
[1:10:02] | Do you feel like the bull’s-eye is on your back | 他们都是你身上的重负 |
[1:10:04] | ’cause you guys are number one in the nation, | 你们现在是全国第一了 |
[1:10:06] | or is that something you don’t even think about for games? | 还有啥事是你打比赛时没思考过的问题? |
[1:10:08] | We’ve been the bull’s-eye since the sixth grade, | 我们从6年级就梦想这一切 |
[1:10:10] | and every time we go out there, we’re the number-one team in the country. | 任何时候,作为全美第一的球队 |
[1:10:14] | Everyone wants to knock us off. | 每个人都想打败你 |
[1:10:17] | It was a very critical eye being turned towards LeBron at that time. | 那时,一条新闻出来就会很快传播开 |
[1:10:20] | He had gone past the awe stage, | 他已经走过所有他必须经过的考验 |
[1:10:22] | and he’d gone to the full-blown celebrity stage, | 并且在体验成年的名人所经历的一切 |
[1:10:25] | which is where fans and media are looking for flaws. | 那就是传媒和粉丝们开始寻找你身上可能有的缺点 |
[1:10:29] | Phenom LeBron James and his team take to the court tonight, | 这支球队的“奇迹”James今晚被送上法庭 |
[1:10:32] | but there’s a lot of attention being paid to what’s, maybe, in the parking lot. | 今晚,无数的注意力集中到球队在俄亥俄的停车场里 |
[1:10:36] | Ohio State high-school officials | 州中学的官员们正在讨论 |
[1:10:38] | are determining whether James has forfeited his amateur status | James是否由于接受了一项价值5万美金的汽车赠礼 |
[1:10:41] | by accepting a $50,000 vehicle. | 因而破坏了自己非职业球员的身份 |
[1:10:44] | Here’s a kid who grew up in subsidized housing, | 这个孩子成长于一个住在政府补助房的家庭 |
[1:10:46] | so how did they come up with the money to pay for a $55,000 vehicle? | 因此,他们是如何拿到这笔钱 来支付买车所需的5万美金的? |
[1:10:52] | Check out this baby, huh? It kind of looks like LeBron’s vehicle, does it? | 看看这辆宝贝吧。哈哈,它不可能是James的车,是吧? |
[1:10:55] | There are some people that say, “Hey, what about some of these affluent kids | 有些人说,喂,你怎么看有些孩子球员 |
[1:10:59] | “whose parents buy them Mercedes?” And, you know, it can go both ways. | 你知道,他们父母给他们买梅赛德斯 其实呢,你可以从两方面看 |
[1:11:02] | But his mom was granted a loan understanding that | 要知道,他妈妈拿到了汽车贷款 |
[1:11:05] | that money would be paid back, which they weren’t worried about. | 这笔钱将来会付清的,他们无须担心这个 |
[1:11:09] | It was a legitimate purchase, but it was just an opportunity | 而且这是一次合法的消费 但这正好给人提供了机会 |
[1:11:12] | for the people who were looking for something to criticize LeBron | 这些人正在寻找批评LeBron的机会 |
[1:11:15] | to have something to latch onto. | 让他们自己有事干 |
[1:11:17] | We love to build people up, and then when the story gets too stale, | 这个社会喜欢把人鼓动起来 然后,当事件停滞不动时 |
[1:11:21] | we kind of dig a little bit deeper so that we can get stories | 我们就会深挖,以便我们能从中发掘出故事来 |
[1:11:24] | that people would be interested again. | 人们会很感兴趣 |
[1:11:26] | How does he have two cell phones | 为什么他有2个手机 |
[1:11:28] | when his mom doesn’t have a job, he doesn’t have a job? | 而他妈妈和他自己都没有工作? |
[1:11:30] | Are you even concerned about the eligibility issue? | 你有没有考虑过购买能力问题? |
[1:11:33] | This pro lifestyle, how does that affect your teammates? | 这其实是职业球员的生活方式 |
[1:11:37] | Even people in Akron want you to lose. How does that make you feel? | 这个会对你的队友甚至对Akron市的人产生怎样的影响? 而你自己又有何感受? |
[1:11:40] | Whenever you’re on a pedestal, the people who are surrounding you are cheering… | 我们过去几年有这样的经历 你身边的人会为你加油 |
[1:11:46] | Hey, LeBron, you gonna ride in that Hummer? | 嗨,LeBron,你会顺利摆脱困境的! |
[1:11:49] | … but there’s a whole lot who want to see you fall, too. | 但有很多人就是想看到你犯错倒下 |
[1:12:04] | I said to LeBron one thing, I said, “Are you ready for the negative press?” | 我对LeBron说 你准备好为这负面影响买单了吗? |
[1:12:08] | And he said, “Yeah, Coach Dru, I’m ready.” And I left it at that. | 他说,“是的,教练。我准备好了。” |
[1:12:13] | We’ll debate the pros and cons of making a prep star | 我们要谈论争议是如何把一个准明星变成全美偶像的 |
[1:12:15] | into a national icon. | |
[1:12:17] | James is prematurely capitalizing on his fame. | James正在过早地透支他的名气 |
[1:12:20] | When did this madness begin? Just how did it become too much too soon? | 这场疯狂是何时开始,又为何发展的如此快如此远? |
[1:12:24] | It had gotten too big. | 这事件渲染得过大了 |
[1:12:27] | Too many people were now scrutinizing him that he could barely breathe | 太多的人在用放大镜盯住他的一举一动 以致他几乎难以呼吸 |
[1:12:31] | without having someone check to see, “Is this guy breaking the rules, is he legit?” | 必须有人出面,宣布他到底有没有违反规定 |
[1:12:37] | It’s something that the system in high school | 可是高中的管理体制并不能处理这样的事情 |
[1:12:41] | wasn’t really designed to handle. | |
[1:12:48] | This is SportsCenter. | 这里是《体育世界》栏目 |
[1:12:52] | LeBron James is ineligible to play for the rest of his high-school season. | LeBron失去了在赛季余下时间里为他球队上场比赛的资格 |
[1:12:56] | Declared such, Friday afternoon, by the Ohio governing body | 决定是由俄亥俄州某有关官员在星期五下午宣布的 |
[1:12:59] | over two retro jerseys he accepted from a Cleveland store. | 因为他接受了克里夫兰一家商店送的两件复古球衣 |
[1:13:03] | He had taken a jersey from someone he knew as a gift. | 他只是接受了一件球衣,是他认识的人送给他作为礼物的 |
[1:13:06] | The Ohio High School Athletic Association | 俄亥俄州高中体育联盟正面临一个史无前例的处境 |
[1:13:08] | was facing an unprecedented set of circumstances. | |
[1:13:11] | They had this incredible player they didn’t really know how to handle | 他们拥有一个有难以置信的天才 但他们甚至不知道该如何去处理他 |
[1:13:13] | who looked like he was obviously benefiting from his fame. | 很明显,他似乎正通过他的名气得到一些好处 |
[1:13:16] | And I think they just got sort of sick of all the complaints | 我认为,他们就是已经厌倦了来自其他学校校董们的抱怨指控 |
[1:13:19] | from the member schools and felt like they had to do something. | 他们感到必须行动起来做点什么 |
[1:13:22] | So they just decided to take swift action. | 所以他们决定快点做出一项决定 |
[1:13:25] | My ruling is immediate. This is an unusual situation. | 我的裁决是立即生效的,因为这是不同寻常的局面 |
[1:13:29] | And because we’ve had to address so many issues surrounding it, | 我们不得不正视和判断这么多围绕此事件发生的问题 |
[1:13:34] | I think, as leaders, we need to take a look at it. | 我认为,作为领导者,我们需要好好研究这件事 |
[1:13:38] | There was no chartered territory for this. | 人家给他送的并没有现金一类东西 |
[1:13:40] | There was boxes of shoes arriving at his house daily, | 但是他们每天都会给他送去鞋子 |
[1:13:44] | and for him to be in trouble over two jerseys that he got from a store | 对他来讲,由于两件来自某商店送的球衣而惹来麻烦 |
[1:13:48] | was comical. | 真是有些讽刺意味 |
[1:13:50] | He’s no exception, whether it’s LeBron James or Mary Jones | 法不容情,不管他是LeBron |
[1:13:53] | or Pete Smith. | James,还是什么达官显贵 |
[1:13:55] | St. Vincent-St. Mary right now is ranked number one in the nation, | St.V-St.M目前与另一支球队并列全美高中篮球赛第一 |
[1:13:57] | and without LeBron James playing, | 由于LeBron James不能参赛 |
[1:13:59] | obviously they’ll drop from that number-one ranking. | 很显然他们的头名位置将不保 |
[1:14:01] | They have five games left this season. | 他们本赛季还有5场比赛 |
[1:14:03] | This is a team that has been very good the past few years. | 这支球队在过去几年里打得一直很好 |
[1:14:05] | They’ve gone to the state championship games… | 即将进入俄亥俄州的州冠军决赛 |
[1:14:13] | When I heard that I was ineligible for the rest of the season | 我很受伤,因为我不能在剩下的几场比赛中出战 |
[1:14:19] | I couldn’t think, I couldn’t believe it. I felt that I had let my teammates down. | 我不能…不敢想象…无法相信会是这样 我感觉,我让我的队友失望了 |
[1:14:30] | LeBron was still in diapers, going on two years old. | 那时候他还穿着尿布呢 |
[1:14:35] | So I bought him a Little Tikes basketball hoop. | 大概是两岁的时候 我给他买了个小篮框 |
[1:14:37] | From then on, he had to have it at the highest height. | 从此,他有了自己的篮筐 他把篮筐放到最高 |
[1:14:41] | And he was dunking on it, then. | 然后在上面扣篮 |
[1:14:49] | She was 16 when she had me. | 她16岁的时候生下了我 |
[1:14:51] | The father figure that I was looking for, you know, wasn’t ever there. Ever. | 而我的父亲,却从没在我身边,从没 |
[1:14:57] | Your mom raised you pretty much by herself, | 作为一名少女妈妈,你的母亲独立抚养你长大 |
[1:15:00] | was a teenage mother, unmarried. | |
[1:15:03] | First of all, do you know your biological father’s whereabouts? | 你知不知道你的生父在哪里呢? |
[1:15:05] | No, not really. But I’m not really even concentrating on that, | 不,不太清楚 而且,我对此也并不在意 |
[1:15:11] | because I really have my father and my mother all tied up in one, | 因为,我的母亲集父母的角色于一身了 |
[1:15:16] | and that’s Gloria James. At this point I don’t really need nobody else. | 就是她,Gloria James 此时此刻,我不需要别人 |
[1:15:23] | The only thing that didn’t help, ’cause me kept growing every so often. | 在我长大过程中,因为我长的总是很快 |
[1:15:27] | You know, and she had to keep throwing clothes away and go buy new ones. | 所以她不得不老是丢了旧衣服买新的 |
[1:15:31] | That didn’t help. | 这对我们是个负担 |
[1:15:32] | So I just bought clothes bigger to begin with | 所以,我后来就会买大一些的衣服 |
[1:15:35] | and just rolled them up and put a few cuffs in them. | 一开始,他会穿着大一些 |
[1:15:39] | Gave him time to grow into them. | 这样可以多穿一会儿 |
[1:15:45] | It was constantly on the move for us. From five years old till eight, | 在我5到8岁期间,我们不停地在搬家 |
[1:15:49] | we probably moved 10, 12 times in three years, four or five schools. | 大概搬了有10、12次了吧 转了4、5次学 |
[1:15:56] | We didn’t have any definite place to reside at. | 那时我们居无定所 |
[1:16:01] | We didn’t know if we was gonna have somewhere to sleep the following night. | 有时都不知道第二天住到哪去 |
[1:16:06] | The hardest thing for me was to meet new friends, going to new schools all the time, | 对我来说,最困难的是要去新的学校,认识新朋友 |
[1:16:10] | and, you know, finally get comfortable with a group of friends at one school and then having to leave. | 刚刚交上朋友,却又要搬家了 |
[1:16:15] | He didn’t have a normal childhood. | 他没能有一个正常的童年 |
[1:16:17] | I mean, hell, he even lived in some of the worst projects in town. | 我们时常住在城里最差的地方 |
[1:16:21] | I mean, you definitely see things, at a young age, | 我小时候,见到了许多你绝不会想让孩子见的东西 |
[1:16:24] | that you don’t never want your kids to see, | |
[1:16:26] | you know, violence and drug abuse and police sirens. | 比如暴力、吸毒等,警笛常鸣 |
[1:16:31] | It didn’t matter where we were. Being with my mother, only thing that mattered. | 然而,住在哪里并不重要 最重要的是,能和母亲在一起 |
[1:16:35] | I believe we became even closer than the normal parent-child relationship | 我认为,由于艰苦的环境 |
[1:16:41] | due to our circumstances and enduring them together, | 我们之间的感情比一般家庭里母子的感情要更好 |
[1:16:45] | going through them together. | 一同吃苦,一同前进 |
[1:16:49] | I never complained, never. | 我从不抱怨,从不 |
[1:16:51] | We were already going through tough times. | 在困境中,抱怨并不能让事情变得更好 |
[1:16:53] | It doesn’t make it any better if I’m complaining. | |
[1:16:56] | My mother said it was time to go, packed my little book bag and it was time to roll. | 我妈说我们要搬家了 那我就整理行李准备上路 |
[1:17:02] | I remember my mother sitting me down and basically telling me, | 我记得,有时候,我母亲会把我送去别处 |
[1:17:06] | because of certain situations, that she may be gone for a little while, | 因为有些事情,她要离开一段时间 |
[1:17:10] | that I was gonna be living with one of my coaches. It was a challenge. | 然后我就得住在我的某个教练的家里 这对我来说是个考验 |
[1:17:15] | That’s all I cared about when I was growing up, | 我成长中最在乎的事情 |
[1:17:18] | if I was gonna be able to wake up and my mother was still alive or still by my side. | 就是当我醒来,我的母亲还在,在我身边 |
[1:17:24] | That was… Because I was already without a father, | 因为,我已经没有父亲了 |
[1:17:28] | you know, and I didn’t want to be without both of my parents. | 我不想再失去双亲了 |
[1:17:33] | You know, so, it was definitely scary and tough. | 所以,遇上这种时候我就很害怕、紧张 |
[1:17:38] | The thing that I had on the court that I didn’t have off the court was security, | 在场上,我能得到我场下得不到的东西:安全感 |
[1:17:41] | because every day we went to the gym, I knew I’m gonna get picked, | 因为,每天当我们去体育馆时 |
[1:17:44] | or we were gonna win basketball games, or we’re gonna win pickup games. | 我知道,那是我自己能掌握的东西 赢一场球赛,赢一场斗牛 |
[1:17:49] | I’ve always said it’s home away from home for me. | 我常说,那对我来说是家外的家 |
[1:17:54] | Anybody that’s close to LeBron knows that basketball court becomes his sanctuary. | 每个熟悉LeBron的人都知道 球场就是他的避风港 |
[1:17:59] | He blocks everything out, every bad situation or whatever. | 在场上,他能忘掉一切,忘掉困难之类的 |
[1:18:04] | When he’s on that court, that’s when he’s actually at peace and at ease. | 在球场上,他能得到真正的平静和放松 |
[1:18:13] | Gradually, my mother found a place. | 最终,我妈终于找到了一间屋子 |
[1:18:15] | Hey. | |
[1:18:17] | I had a place to sleep, and I knew we weren’t going anywhere. | 我终于有了一个睡觉的地方 知道我们不再会去别的地方了 |
[1:18:20] | – Anybody home? – No, I fooled you. | -不会有人在吧? -哈哈,我骗你的 |
[1:18:23] | So this is where I ended up moving to. I moved into this room and… | 最终,我们搬进了这个地方 我住在这间房间 |
[1:18:30] | If you can just imagine just photos of all the NBA superstars | 想像一下,那时我在所有的墙上贴满了NBA球星的海报 |
[1:18:34] | was all over these walls. | |
[1:18:35] | This whole wall was Michael Jordan pictures. | 这整张墙上是乔丹的海报 |
[1:18:38] | From, like, right here was all Allen lverson, was right here. | 这边,贴的都是艾弗森的,全都是 |
[1:18:42] | This was Kobe Bryant’s wall right here, from, like, right here over, | 这面是属于科比的,从这到那 |
[1:18:45] | and then everybody else I kind of just filled in. | 然后当中还填满了其他球员的海报 |
[1:18:49] | It was… It’s crazy to see that they got everything out of here. | 满墙的海报真是太疯狂啦 |
[1:18:52] | I put staples all in the walls and tape and duct tape all over the walls, | 我用图钉和胶带把海报贴满了墙 |
[1:18:56] | so it’s kind of funny to see that it’s all gone now. | 那样子真有趣啊,现在都没了 |
[1:19:00] | It was home. It was funny to see that everybody wanted to be here. | 有了家,有趣的是,大家都想来我家玩,来我家看 |
[1:19:04] | You know, everybody wanted to come… I mean, why here? | |
[1:19:06] | – You wouldn’t have thought that. – I mean, all my friends got houses. | 为什么要来我家呢? 这真是让我们始料未及 |
[1:19:09] | – Low-income houses. Yeah. – All my friends got houses. | 要知道,我的朋友家都是有独栋的房子的 |
[1:19:11] | All my friends got houses, but you look outside, | 他们自己家都有房子 |
[1:19:14] | – their parents are dropping them off here. – Right here. | 我往窗外看,看到他们的父母把他们送到楼下 就是那 |
[1:19:18] | Didn’t even have time to lock the damn door. | 我还没关好门呢 |
[1:19:20] | “Just leave it unlocked, come in.” – “Just leave the door open.” – Yeah. | 门还开着,他们就来了 |
[1:19:24] | And they was coming. | 一下子都来了 |
[1:19:30] | Due to the circumstances, he had to grow up being moving. | 因为他成长的环境 |
[1:19:34] | No stability with friendships. His relationship with Sian, | 不停地搬家,没法建立长久的友谊 |
[1:19:38] | Dru, Rome, Willie is as important as his relationship with me. | 所以,他与Sian、Dru、Romeo和Willie间的友谊就更弥足珍贵了 就像和我之间的关系一样珍贵 |
[1:19:44] | There’s one thing about Bron, he loves people around him. | LeBron有一个性格 就是他喜欢和大家在一起 |
[1:19:47] | Never liked being by his self, | 不喜欢独处 |
[1:19:49] | and when he found us, he found homes, he found father figures, | 他终于有了我们 他有了家,有了如同父亲一样的人 |
[1:19:53] | he found one of the greatest things that happened to him, friendships. | 更重要的是,他有了友谊 |
[1:19:57] | Once I had that security, finally, with friends, | 当我有了能和朋友在一起的安全感时 |
[1:20:00] | you know, I automatically, like… These are the guys I’m gonna be with. | 很自然的,我喜欢和他们在一起 [毕业生日] |
[1:20:07] | No matter what happens, these are the guys I’m gonna be loyal to more than anybody. | 无论发生了什么,我对他们都是一片赤诚 比对其他任何人都要忠实 |
[1:20:12] | These are my brothers. These are my four best friends. | 他们是我的兄弟,是我最好的四个朋友 |
[1:20:18] | Our next senior, Mr. LeBron James! | 下面是LeBron和其他几位毕业生! |
[1:20:27] | They grew up in basketball together, | 他们在篮球中一同成长着 |
[1:20:30] | so the love that they shared for the game was because of one another. | 他们对比赛的热爱也源于相互间的情谊 |
[1:20:44] | Everyone’s saying St. Vincent-St. Mary today beginning life without LeBron. | St.V-St.M今天将开始没有LeBron的生活了 |
[1:20:56] | I remember to this day going to practice, and I couldn’t practice, | 我记得,那天训练的时候,因为我不能参加训练 |
[1:21:00] | and I was sitting on the sideline crying, the whole practice, | 我就坐在场边哭了出来,哭了一整场 |
[1:21:04] | just because I couldn’t be out there for my teammates, | 因为我没办法和我的队友们在一起 |
[1:21:08] | and I knew that at some point they were gonna need me, | 而我知道,在有些时候,他们会需要我 |
[1:21:14] | and I wanted to be there for them, and I couldn’t. | 我想要站在他们身边,但是我不能 |
[1:21:22] | Hey, this is what the ruling is so far, that LeBron can’t play this game. | 目前的禁赛令禁止LeBron上场 |
[1:21:27] | I know that he wants what you want, | 我知道,他的目标和你们的目标一致 |
[1:21:31] | and he wants you to win and he wants you guys to win for him, | 他想要你们赢球,希望你们替他赢下这场 |
[1:21:35] | and, you know, for yourselves and to keep the dream alive | 为了你们自己,为了能继续自己的梦想 |
[1:21:38] | and understand that he loves the game. | 大家知道,他热爱比赛 |
[1:21:42] | I can tell you one thing, | 有一件事,我能确定地告诉你们 |
[1:21:46] | he’s gonna be the biggest cheerleader in the crowd. | 他会成为场边最大的啦啦队员 |
[1:21:50] | – Amen. | – Amen. |
[1:21:52] | – One, two, three. – Team. | 一二三,加油!四五六,一起努力! |
[1:21:54] | – Four, five, six. – Work hard. | |
[1:21:57] | Live from the James A. Rhodes Arena on the campus of the University of Akron, | 这里是Akron大学的James A.Rhode体育馆 |
[1:22:02] | welcome to Akron’s St. Vincent-St. Mary Fighting Irish basketball. | 我们在这里为你直播St.V-St.M Irish的比赛 |
[1:22:06] | My, oh, my, how things have changed. | 世事难料,今天这里有大状况 |
[1:22:08] | Full house as usual for this Sunday afternoon game. | 他们本对周日下午的比赛志在必得 |
[1:22:11] | But it’s electric for the wrong reason. | 现在,LeBron却因为某些原因不能打了 |
[1:22:13] | Obviously, the LeBron situation was big news not only here | 显然,LeBron的事情是个大新闻 |
[1:22:16] | but all around the country. | 不止在这里,更是在全国范围内 |
[1:22:18] | It was emotionally and psychologically taxing | 比赛还没开始,他们就在情绪和心理上承受了重担 |
[1:22:20] | just before you even played the game. | |
[1:22:22] | It was something that was in the papers. It was on SportsCenter. | 报纸上,体育世界节目里都在说这些事 |
[1:22:24] | It was something that was a big buildup just to see how they’d perform without him. | 大家都想看看,他不在时球队能打成什么样子 |
[1:22:30] | The clock’s about to start, fellas. Look, it’s been a great journey. | 比赛就快要开始了 大家振作起来,我们已经历了一段美好的旅程 |
[1:22:36] | It’s not over. I don’t believe that this is the time for us to pack it in. | 而现在,这段旅程还没结束 我不认为现在我们就该去钓鱼了 |
[1:22:42] | I don’t think you believe that. | 你们会这么想么? |
[1:22:44] | Today, if we were ever unified, we need to be even more unified today. | 我们始终团结一致,而今天则要更加团结 |
[1:22:51] | Does your son seem any different out there today? | 你儿子今天有没有和往常不同呢? |
[1:22:53] | Of course he’s different, because an integral part of his team is missing. | 当然,因为他们球队重要的一员今天不在 |
[1:22:57] | My son is heartbroken for LeBron. | 因为LeBron的缺席,我儿子心都要碎了 |
[1:23:00] | They all are. They’re all hurting. They’re heartbroken right now. | 大家都这样,大家都觉得受伤了 现在,他们都有心碎的感觉 |
[1:23:04] | This is the biggest game of the season. | 今天是我们赛季最重要的一战 |
[1:23:07] | This is the biggest game of the season because tomorrow is not promised | 今天的一战就是赛季最重要的一战 |
[1:23:12] | and the past is over. All we got is right now. | 因为,明日神秘莫测,昨日已成往昔 我们能把握住的,只有现在 |
[1:23:16] | Let’s take care of right now. | 让我们抓住现在 |
[1:23:18] | Everyone wants to speak otherwise. This is a great team, | 大家应该意识到,我们是一支最棒的球队 |
[1:23:22] | with a great, great player, but this is a great team, all right? | 有最最棒的球员,是最最好的球队,对吧? |
[1:23:25] | This is a great team. And don’t you ever sell yourself short of believing that this isn’t. | 我们是最棒的,大家一定要时刻铭记在心 |
[1:23:30] | But, hey, I’m just saying words. You guys gotta do it on the floor. | 我就说这些了,大家一定要用场上表现来证明自己 |
[1:23:34] | Play hard, play smart, have fun, all right? | 打得强硬,打得聪明!享受比赛! |
[1:23:37] | – Amen! | – Amen! |
[1:23:40] | Everyone had to step up, and we understood that, you know? | 每个人都必须竭尽所能 |
[1:23:43] | There’s no team in the state of Ohio that’s been to more final fours | 我们的对手McKinley |
[1:23:46] | than Canton McKinley. | Bulldogs是杀到州四强次数最多的球队 |
[1:23:48] | Nobody can carry this team, and the only guy who can carry this team | 没有人能撑起这支球队 |
[1:23:51] | is wearing a black shirt and sitting on the bench right now. | 唯一能撑起这支球队的人现在穿着黑T恤坐在场边 |
[1:23:55] | You know, it was tough seeing him on the bench, | 看到他坐在场边对我们来说很艰难 |
[1:23:58] | and, you know, we had been playing together for so long. | 要知道,我们在一起打球已经很长时间了 |
[1:24:01] | You know, it wasn’t usual, you know? We were together, we were the Fab 5, | 通常来讲,我们都在并肩作战,我们是先发五虎 |
[1:24:05] | so it was just tough. | 所以,现在的情况很艰难 |
[1:24:12] | Irish is going to have a few problems getting into sync here offensively. | Irish在进攻端束手无策 |
[1:24:16] | Nice play by McKinley to get it down long and… | McKinley一次漂亮的进攻! |
[1:24:21] | The Bulldogs are not intimidated. | Bulldogs无所畏惧 |
[1:24:23] | That’s got to be a big concern right now for Dru Joyce, the coach. | 现在,Dru Joyce教练要解决这一问题 |
[1:24:32] | Irish need to keep that lead on right now. | Irish要尽力保住领先优势 |
[1:24:34] | Three! | 三分,好的! |
[1:24:40] | Somebody’s hot! | 他手感滚烫! |
[1:24:43] | They weren’t backing off anything, so we could have lost at any given moment. | 对手十分强劲,稍不留心我们就会输球 |
[1:24:47] | Stan Hall to the hole. | Stan Hall上篮,有了 |
[1:24:51] | For as great as they were as a team, when the going got tough, | 本来,当球队遭遇困境时,23号会挺身而出 |
[1:24:54] | you know, 23 got the ball. | |
[1:24:58] | It was important to us that we show everybody that we were a team. | 对我们来说,最重要的是要告诉别人 |
[1:25:02] | We weren’t just a one-man show. | 我们是一支球队,而不是一人表演 |
[1:25:08] | Dru Dru Joyce gets a big pocket for the Irish. | |
[1:25:12] | That’s a big play right there. | Joyce突破上篮,好球 妙传上空篮,好的 |
[1:25:18] | We had some animosity, too. | 我们那时带着一股怒气打球 |
[1:25:21] | When you shot LeBron down, you took a shot at the team. | 你不让LeBron上场,给我们球队制造困难,可我们不怕 |
[1:25:26] | Sian takes the rebound. | Sian抢到篮板 |
[1:25:29] | 6.6 to go. | 比赛还有6分06秒 |
[1:25:31] | Romeo wants the ball. Got it! And there’s the game. | Romeo拿球,进了 |
[1:25:35] | It’s a 63-62 finale. | 63比62,Irish赢了! |
[1:25:42] | What a ballgame. | 一场精彩的比赛! |
[1:25:45] | Here are some guys who were basically thought of, in most circles, | 有很多人本来觉得,这支队就是LeBron和他的跟班 |
[1:25:49] | as LeBron and his sidekicks. | |
[1:25:52] | It said a lot about all of them, for people around the country to say, | 而这场比赛让很多人开始觉得,这些家伙很不错 |
[1:25:57] | “You know what? These guys are really impressive, and not just this guy.” | 而不只是某个人不错 |
[1:26:01] | You have to understand what this team’s been through this week. | 大家要理解,这支球队这一周来经历了很多 |
[1:26:05] | They withstood a whole lot. You know, there’s been a lot of adversity, | 他们承受了很多压力,遇到了很多困境 |
[1:26:10] | and they stood up and they met the challenge. | 但他们挺过来了 敢于直面挑战 |
[1:26:16] | After watching my guys win that game, | 看着我的伙伴们赢下比赛 |
[1:26:18] | it made me realize that I had to do whatever I could to get back on that court. | 让我意识到,我应尽力重回这片赛场 |
[1:26:23] | So he took it to court, and after a judge decided | 因此,LeBron进行了上诉 |
[1:26:26] | that the punishment was too severe, LeBron was reinstated. | 最终,仲裁认为原来的禁赛令太过严厉 于是,LeBron得以解除了禁赛令 |
[1:26:32] | There’s no one in the world that I’d rather play with than those four guys. | 这世上,我最愿意并肩作战的就是他们四个人 |
[1:26:44] | The week of the championship game, | 周末的冠军战将是我最后一次执教我的儿子 |
[1:26:47] | it was the last time I’m gonna coach my son, | |
[1:26:49] | it’s the last time I’ll coach Bron, Romeo, Dru, Willie, Sian. | 最后一次执教Lebron、Romeo、Dru、Willie、Sian |
[1:26:55] | You recognize that, you understand that | 并且,大家都认为那不只是一场州冠军赛 |
[1:26:58] | not only is a state championship at risk, but also a national championship. | 更是全国冠军一样的荣耀 |
[1:27:05] | Nine years in the making. | 为此,我们努力了整整九年 |
[1:27:07] | From fifth grade, we all dreamed about being able to play | 从五年级起,我们就想要成为全国冠军 |
[1:27:10] | for the national championship. | |
[1:27:13] | We had an opportunity in the eighth grade and failed, | 八年级时,我们本有一个机会,但失败了 |
[1:27:15] | and now, a few years later, we have that same opportunity to do it. | 现在,在几年以后,我们又有了一个这样的机会 |
[1:27:19] | It hit us hard during that time. | 为此,大家都非常珍惜 |
[1:27:21] | It was, like, more than basketball. | 因为,这已经不止是事关篮球了 |
[1:27:22] | This is the last time that we was gonna compete together. | 这可能是我们最后一次并肩作战 |
[1:27:27] | You have a chance to go down as the greatest team | 这是我们证明自己是高中篮球界最好的一次机会 |
[1:27:29] | in high-school basketball history. | |
[1:27:31] | That’s gonna be around here long after you guys are gone. | 甚至在你们毕业很久以后,都不会有其他人能做到 |
[1:27:35] | You’ve taken it full circle, fellas. | 让我们一起画上一个圆满的句号吧 |
[1:27:38] | This all started in a little gym with a linoleum floor on Maple Street, | 故事始于枫树街上一个属于救世军的没地板的体育馆 |
[1:27:44] | at The Salvation Army. | |
[1:27:46] | All the travel we’ve done, | 从你们11岁开始,我们一路走过无数的历程 |
[1:27:48] | from the time you guys were 11 years old, all the way across the country, | 我们东奔西跑,慢慢成长 |
[1:27:51] | through high school, all the way to culminate, | 这一切,明天将到达终点 |
[1:27:55] | when that bus pulls up tomorrow, where at? On Maple Street. | 明天,让我们再梦回枫树街吧 |
[1:28:01] | And the only question right now is, | 现在,剩下的唯一问题就是 |
[1:28:03] | “Do you get off that bus tomorrow victorious?” | 明天我们能圆满的完成这段旅程么? |
[1:28:18] | All right, let’s go. | 孩子们,大家上 |
[1:28:33] | So, here we go. The championship game in Division II. | 比赛就要开始了,二级联赛的冠军战 |
[1:28:37] | St. Vincent-St. Mary’s with a national championship on the line. | St.V-St.M将为夺取全国冠军而战 |
[1:28:49] | Joyce controls, and the basketball game is underway. | Joyce控球 比赛开始了 |
[1:28:54] | Eight minutes on the clock | 每节比赛8分钟 |
[1:28:56] | and the first possession goes to St. Vincent-St. Mary. | 第一次进攻球权属于St.V-St.M |
[1:28:59] | Not a seat in this house. | 场馆内座无虚席,人头攒动 |
[1:29:01] | It is elbow-to-elbow to watch this championship game. | 大家都想看州决赛的比赛 |
[1:29:05] | Inside they go, and a slam dunk, right away! | 内线拿球,扣篮,好的! |
[1:29:10] | Coach Petrocelli talked about how he’s instructed his team to be patient. | Petrocelli教练告诉他的队员们要耐心一点 |
[1:29:15] | They will work and work and work and work. | 他们应该打得更有韧性 |
[1:29:18] | They’re taking time off the game clock, and they’ll set it back up out on top. | 尽力降低比赛节奏 并按部就班的打球 |
[1:29:23] | If they can shorten the game, they may have a chance. | 如果他们能尽量拖延比赛时间 那么他们就有赢球的希望了 |
[1:29:26] | We kind of had the feeling that they would hold the ball. | 我想,对方一定会尽力控住球拖延时间 |
[1:29:29] | I guess early on they were just a little bit better at it than we thought they would be. | 一开始,他们打得比我们预想的要更好 |
[1:29:35] | Double-team. Somebody’s gotta be open, and it is. | 双人包夹,肯定有人空出来了 传进去,有了 |
[1:29:40] | They ran a minute and change off the clock. | 他们又耗掉了一分钟的时间 |
[1:29:44] | This is clearly the pace that Coach Petrocelli wants. | 显然,这是Petrocelli教练想要的节奏 |
[1:29:48] | We tried everything we could to speed them up, | 我们尽我们所能想把速度带起来 |
[1:29:50] | but they had us chasing them, and it was hard. | 但是,我们还是受制于他们,对我们很不利 |
[1:29:53] | A lot of slow action, | 比赛节奏陷入了泥沼 |
[1:29:55] | – and Doug Penno making shots like that. – Execution. | Doug Penno总能投进这样的球 |
[1:29:58] | To perfection. Just like Roger Bacon last year, | 这会给对手造成很大的压力 就像对上去年的Roger Bacon高中一样 |
[1:30:02] | they’re frustrating the Akron players. | 来自Akron市的这些球员们现在非常沮丧 |
[1:30:05] | James on the rebound. What a shot by Gill! | James抢下篮板,被Gill盖掉了! |
[1:30:08] | Out of bounds. St. Vincent-St. Mary’s will have the basketball. | 球出界,Irish握有球权 |
[1:30:14] | Close to the end of the first half I was questioning, you know, myself. | 在上半场即将结束之前 我质问着我自己 |
[1:30:20] | Three seconds left, Weems for three. It does not fall. | 还有三秒钟,Weems三分线外出手 弹框而出! |
[1:30:25] | Alter has won the first half of this basketball game, | Alter高中出人意料地领先着结束了上半场 |
[1:30:29] | somewhat surprisingly. | |
[1:30:32] | They have an 11-to-1 run in the last four minutes and 10 seconds. | 他们在最后4分10秒钟打出了一波11比1的高潮 |
[1:30:36] | Going into halftime losing, I’m thinking, “Not again. Not two years in a row.” | 落后着结束了上半场 休息时我想,我们不会再让悲剧重现,不能连续两年失败 |
[1:30:52] | Fellas, it’s not about the X’s and O’s right now. | 伙计们,现在我不会给你们讲什么战术 |
[1:30:59] | It’s not. | 我不会讲战术 |
[1:31:05] | I want you guys to just, for one minute, try to grasp this thing. | 我希望你们能够用一分钟 来想想如何抓住自己的机会 |
[1:31:11] | You have an opportunity that you guys have been given. | 好好抓住上天赐予你们的这次机会 |
[1:31:16] | Now, look around the room, guys. Hey, let’s be real about this. | 嗨,孩子们,环视一下四周吧 让我们面对现实 |
[1:31:20] | Some of these guys, Dru, Bron, Sian, Rome, Willie, | 在座的比如Dru、LeBron、Sian、Romeo、Willie你们几个 |
[1:31:24] | you’ll never play another game of basketball. | 你们将不会再有这样一个机会了 |
[1:31:28] | To be where you guys are at | 你们现在能够站到这里 |
[1:31:30] | is just a blessing that you guys will only understand later in life. | 是上帝对你们最好的恩赐 你们会在日后懂得这一切 |
[1:31:38] | As this game winds on, | 比赛一分一秒的过去了 |
[1:31:43] | some of you guys… Hey, this is my last time coaching you, and… | 而这也是我最后执教你们的机会 |
[1:31:53] | There’s been a lot of great times, a lot of great memories, | 和你们在一起度过了许多美好的时光 这些都是美好的记忆 |
[1:31:58] | and I’m gonna cherish them. | 我为你们感到高兴和自豪 |
[1:32:04] | But let’s do this, fellas. | 但是现在,我们要实现目标 |
[1:32:09] | Just… You know, let’s do this. Let’s end this thing the right way. | 用圆满的结局结束比赛 |
[1:32:13] | – Let’s go, man. – Let’s go! | 加油,一,二,三,要赢球,四,五,六,一起努力! |
[1:32:15] | – One, two, three. – Team! | |
[1:32:17] | – Four, five, six. – Work hard! | |
[1:32:21] | And my dad is just as big a piece of this puzzle as any five of us. | 对我们五个中任何一个人来说 我父亲都是一个重要的部分 |
[1:32:25] | This is a guy who was a football player that changed to be a basketball coach. | 他是从一名橄榄球运动员转行成为篮球教练的 |
[1:32:30] | When I told him this is what I want to do, | 当我告诉他篮球就是我想要去做的事情时 |
[1:32:33] | he was the first person to put the ball in my hand. | 他第一个把球交到了我的手上 |
[1:32:37] | Joyce will take it in and Travis scores at the three seconds, clock running. | Joyce突破,给到Travis,有了,进攻时间只有三秒时完成了 |
[1:32:42] | He was key for me being the man I am today. | 我能像现在这样成为一个真正的男人,Dru教练功不可没 |
[1:32:45] | If I wasn’t at St. V with Coach Dru pushing me toward the right thing, | 如果我没有到St.V-St.M,没有遇到他 没有他来教导我做正确的事情的话 |
[1:32:50] | God knows where I’d be right now. | 天知道我现在是个什么样子 |
[1:32:52] | And he gets a steal, after two free-throws comes the triple! | 他在两罚之后又成功抢断了! 投中了三分! |
[1:32:57] | Now he’s starting making those… Alter’s in trouble. | 他开始做出了宣言 对方要有麻烦了 |
[1:33:01] | He helped me have that security that I’ve always wanted in a father figure, | 他帮助我获得了我梦寐以求的那种安全感还有父爱 |
[1:33:05] | and he didn’t have to treat me like I was one of his kids | 实际上他并不需要像对待他的孩子一样照顾我,为我买东西 |
[1:33:07] | or buy things for me. He didn’t have to do it, but he did. | 他不需要做这些,但他做了 |
[1:33:10] | … out to James, they can take the lead. | LeBron持球突破,反超的机会来了 |
[1:33:13] | James. Very nice! | James!哇,非常漂亮! |
[1:33:16] | It was always more than basketball to Coach Dru. | Dru教练对我们远远超过了篮球的范围 |
[1:33:19] | He always wanted the best for us. | 他竭尽全力地为我们好 |
[1:33:21] | Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary’s spelling it out with 2:26 to go… | St.V-St.M比分领先,比赛还剩下2分26秒 |
[1:33:25] | We all looked at Coach Dru as a father figure and loved him like that. | 我们都把Dru教练当父亲一样尊重 |
[1:33:29] | 6.3 seconds to go. | 比赛还剩下6.3秒 |
[1:33:32] | Forty-36. The Irish with the lead. Pressure is on. | Irish40比36领先 罚球队员压力很大 |
[1:33:38] | – Might be the ballgame. – The ball… James gets the rebound! | 也许会不进啊,啊!James抢下了篮板! |
[1:33:41] | He will dribble it out. Joyce four seconds down the line. | 他将会把时间耗完 |
[1:33:45] | And that’s the basketball game! | Joyce持球,比赛还剩下1秒,结束了! |
[1:33:48] | Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary’s wins their third, in four years, | St.V-St.M赢下了他们4年以来的第三座奖杯 |
[1:33:53] | Division II state champions here in Columbus. | 二级联赛的冠军产生了! |
[1:33:57] | The Irish are your national champions! | 冠军属于Irish! |
[1:34:04] | Looking over and seeing my mom and Coach Dru and Miss Joyce, | 当我环视四周时,看到了我妈,Dru教练和他太太 |
[1:34:08] | and everybody who had been there from the beginning was there that day, | 还有那些从一开始就一直支持着我们的人 |
[1:34:11] | and it was just a dream come true. | 现在梦想终于实现了 |
[1:34:13] | I felt like I did something, like, you know, my life is now worth something. | 我的感受就是我成功做到了某件事 这让我的人生变得有价值了一些 |
[1:34:19] | And winning it with my best friends, one of the best feelings I ever felt in my life. | 我是与我最好的羁绊一起赢得了冠军 我人生中最好的伙伴们 |
[1:34:24] | I just had to go find my brother and hug him. You know what I am saying? | 我当时要做的就是找到我的哥哥,拥抱在一起 |
[1:34:26] | Because I could still be in Chicago doing the wrong thing. | 因为要不是他们的话 我现在或许仍然在芝加哥做着错误的事情 |
[1:34:30] | I could be in jail, dead, you know what I am saying? | 或许已在死监狱中了 |
[1:34:33] | He just led me in the right path. | 他使我走上了一条正确的道路 |
[1:34:35] | It just seemed like everything traced back to him. | 而现在我要用这些来回报他 |
[1:34:38] | When we won that championship, I just had to go find him. | 我们赢得了冠军后,我走向了我的父亲 |
[1:34:42] | Ran off the court and… Twenty-thousand people and he found me, | 当他下场时,在20000人的人海中,他找到了我 |
[1:34:48] | and we just embraced each other. | 我们拥抱在一起 |
[1:34:56] | I felt like a proud father. | 我感觉我是一个自豪的父亲 |
[1:35:01] | I got to share that with my brothers and also did that with my dad. | 我要与我的兄弟们和父亲一同庆祝 |
[1:35:06] | I got a chance to share my dream with everybody I love. | 我获得了和我所有爱的人一起分享梦想的机会 |
[1:35:12] | We made a lot of sacrifices. Not just me, other parents. | 我们都做出了很大的牺牲 不仅仅是我,还有他们的父母们 |
[1:35:15] | Sometimes I wonder if we took some of the kids’ childhood away from them, | 有时候我会想 我们是否剥夺了他们的童年呢? |
[1:35:21] | ’cause they worked so hard. They didn’t hang out like a lot of kids. | 因为他们是那样的努力,无法像其他孩子一样出去玩耍 |
[1:35:26] | So sometimes you question, “Did we do the right thing?” | 所以有时我会感到疑惑 我们所做的是正确的吗? |
[1:35:49] | I love them all like they’re my sons. | 我爱他们就像爱我的孩子一样 |
[1:35:52] | God gave me an opportunity to be involved with this, | 上帝给了我和他们在一起的就会 |
[1:35:57] | and it wasn’t about basketball. I needed to help them to become men, | 这已经超出了篮球的范畴 我需要帮助他们成长为真正的男人 |
[1:36:02] | that they’re indebted to something that’s greater than themselves. | 他们身上承载了太多的东西 |
[1:36:10] | When I hugged him, I whispered in his ear, “Don’t ever give up on your dream. | 当我拥抱他时 |
[1:36:15] | “Look at me.” | 我告诉他,永远不要放弃自己的梦想,就像我一样 |
[1:36:19] | I had to go a roundabout way of finding my dream again. | 我付出了很大的努力才重新实现了自己的梦想 |
[1:36:23] | For a while I had lost mine, | 曾几何时,我迷失了自己 |
[1:36:26] | and through working with that group, I got it back. | 但通过与他们在一起,我又找回了我自己 |
[1:36:35] | You just don’t know what life has in store for you. | 你不知道生活会给你哪些惊喜 |
[1:36:39] | And of course everyone wants to know, “What is next, | 现在,所有人都关心,你会去哪里,何时决定? |
[1:36:42] | “or when are you going to decide?” | |
[1:36:44] | You know, it’s so hard to think about anything else right now | 现在我无法去想其他的事 |
[1:36:47] | besides being with my teammates while we’re still here in Columbus. | 我只想和我的伙伴们在一起 |
[1:36:50] | And I’m just gonna try to keep this in my head | 我要做的就是尽可能长的将这段记忆记在心中 [Willie选择在Fairmont州大主修计算机科学] [现在他正在申请研究生学院] [Sian获得了来自Ohio州大橄榄球队的奖学金] |
[1:36:52] | as long as possible and live out this last night. | [他现在仍在攻读学士学位] [Dru和Romeo进入了Keith Dambrot执教的Akron大学校队] [现在他们参加了职业联赛,在德国的ULM队中效力] 骑士进攻,掩护,LeBron球进加罚! |
[1:38:16] | LeBron James, with no regard for human life, | LeBron超越了人类极限! |
[1:38:21] | has given the Cavaliers their biggest lead tonight! | 这球帮球队获得了今晚最大的领先优势! [Lebron决定放弃大学学业] [现在正效力于NBA骑士队] [而“五虎将”依然是最好的伙伴] |
[1:38:46] | Move your line out a little bit. Move your line out. | 排好队 |
[1:38:49] | It’s gotta be full speed. Take the layup, | 你们这队通过掩护后上篮 |
[1:38:52] | and rebound from the front. Go for it. | 你们抢篮板,开始! |
[1:38:56] | Rebound. And go to the next guy in line. Hurry up, hurry up, let’s go. | [Dru教练留在St.V-St.M继续担任主教练] |
[1:39:08] | Who’s gonna be the first one to… All right! | [他仍然在致力于教导孩子们] |