英文名称:Milk
年代:2008
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:42] | 同性恋者和警察发生冲突 | |
[01:06] | 酒馆控告警察滥用暴力 | |
[01:40] | 警察开始取缔同性恋酒吧 逮捕6人 | |
[02:32] | This is Harvey Milk speaking on Friday, November 18th. | 我是哈维・米尔克 录制于11月18日 星期五 |
[02:39] | This is only to be played in the event of | 仅在我因暗杀身故时 |
[02:41] | my death by assassination. | 才能公开此磁带 |
[02:47] | During one of my early campaigns, | 某场早期竞选中 |
[02:50] | I began to open speeches with a line | 我以一句话作为开场白 |
[02:53] | And it became kind of a signature. | 后来成为了标志 |
[02:56] | My name is Harvey Milk and I want to recruit you. | 我是哈维・米尔科 我要召集你们 |
[03:01] | If I was speaking to a slightly hostile audience | 面对不太友好的观众 |
[03:06] | or a mostly straight one, | 或异性恋者 |
[03:08] | I might break the tension with a joke. | 我用玩笑打破僵局 |
[03:11] | I know. I know l’m not what you expected, | 我自知与你们的期望相去甚远 |
[03:13] | but I left my high heels at home. | 但我没穿高跟鞋来 |
[03:18] | I fully realize that a person who stands for what I stand for, | 我了解 身处此种立场 |
[03:23] | an activist, a gay activist, | 作为前卫活动家 同志运动者 |
[03:26] | makes himself the target for someone who is insecure, | 会成为惶惑不安者的目标 |
[03:31] | terrified, afraid and disturbed themselves. | 遭受恐吓 惊扰 和打击 |
[03:34] | It’s a very real possibility you see, | 此可能性很大 |
[03:36] | because in San Francisco, | 因为旧金山 |
[03:39] | we have broken a dam of major prejudice in this country. | 已然打破了这个国家普遍存在的偏见壁垒 |
[03:43] | …room 200. I’m in the mayor’s office. | 200房间 我在市长办公室 |
[03:46] | We are trying to ascertain what is happening. | 我们正在调查情况 |
[03:50] | As President of the Board of Supervisors, | 作为监事会主席 |
[03:53] | it’s my duty to make this announcement. | 我有责任做以下通告 |
[03:56] | Both Mayor Moscone and Supervisor Harvey Milk | 市长蒙斯高尼和监事哈维・米尔克 |
[04:01] | have been shot and killed. | 均因中枪身亡 |
[04:08] | I wish I had time to explain all the things I did | 我希望有空讲述自己的经历 |
[04:11] | Almost everything was done with an eye on the gay movement. | 几乎一切 都着眼于同性恋运动 |
[04:14] | 片名:米尔克 | |
[04:20] | 纽约 1970年 | |
[04:27] | I’m Harvey. | 我叫哈维 |
[04:29] | Okay, Harvey. | 你好 哈维 |
[04:32] | Today’s my birthday. | 今天是我生日 |
[04:34] | No, hey, actually it is my birthday. At midnight. | 真的是我生日 子夜时分 |
[04:38] | Really? | 是吗 |
[04:40] | And, believe it or not, I don’t have any plans. | 我没预定节目 真的 |
[04:44] | Some people took me out after work. | 等人下班带我玩 |
[04:47] | Hmm. And that would be at, let me guess, Ma Bell or AT&T. | 我猜 你在美国电话电报公司工作 |
[04:53] | The Great American Insurance Company. | 美联保险公司 |
[04:56] | I’m part of that corporate establishment that, | 我在那里上班 |
[04:59] | let me guess, you think is the cause of all the evil in the world, | 也许你认为那是万恶之源 |
[05:02] | from Vietnam to diaper rash. | 大到越战 小到尿疹 |
[05:04] | You left out bad breath. | 还有口臭 |
[05:09] | Just kidding. | 开玩笑的 |
[05:13] | You’re not gonna let me spend my birthday all by myself, are you? | 你不忍心让我一个人过生日吧 |
[05:19] | Listen, Harvey, | 听着 哈维 |
[05:22] | you’re pretty cute, | 你非常非常可爱 |
[05:24] | but I don’t date guys over 40. | 但 我不和40岁以上的人交往 |
[05:28] | Well, then, this is my lucky night. | 那今晚就是我的幸运夜 |
[05:30] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[05:32] | I’m still 39. | 我还是39 |
[05:34] | It’s only 11:15. | 现在才11点15分 |
[05:47] | Come on. | 来嘛 |
[05:52] | What’s your name? | 你的名字? |
[05:54] | I’m Scott. | 我是司高特 |
[05:56] | Very nice to meet you, Mr. Harvey, insurance man. | 哈维先生 认识你很高兴 保险营销员 |
[06:38] | Where are you from? | 你从哪里来 |
[06:40] | Jackson, Mississippi. | 密西西比州 杰森市 |
[06:44] | This isn’t Jackson. You can’t respond to just every strange man | 这里不是杰森市 你不能随便搭理 |
[06:47] | that picks you up on a subway platform. | 地铁月台上的陌生人 |
[06:49] | It’s too dangerous. | 很危险 |
[06:50] | Hmm, now you tell me. | 现在跟我说这个!?(你就是陌生人) |
[06:52] | The New York Police are the toughest. | 纽约警察最粗暴 |
[06:54] | They’re arrogant and they’re everywhere. | 他们傲慢 而且无处不在 |
[06:56] | I’ll show you all the cruising spots, | 我会告诉你所有好玩的地方 |
[06:57] | but you have to be very careful, little Scotty-san. | 但你要小心 斯科特君 |
[06:59] | Are you on some uppers or something? | 你是什么名人吗 |
[07:02] | No. This is just plain me. | 不 只是小人物一个 |
[07:06] | And you’re scared of the cops? | 你怕警察吗 |
[07:09] | I’m just discreet. I know a lot of people. | 谨慎起见罢了 我认识很多人 |
[07:11] | If they see me, I could lose my job. | 如果他们知道我是同志 我就会失业 |
[07:14] | Oh, you’re one of those. | 原来 你还没出柜(表明性取向) |
[07:18] | Well, I think you need to find a new scene. | 也许你该换个环境 |
[07:20] | Some new friends. | 交些新朋友 |
[07:25] | – I need a change. – I know. | -我需要改变 -对 |
[07:28] | Yeah, you’re 40 now. | 你现在40了 |
[07:34] | Forty years old and I haven’t done a thing I’m proud of. | 40岁了 我还什么成就都没有 |
[07:39] | You keep eating this cake and | 继续这么吃蛋糕 |
[07:41] | you’re going to be fat by the time you’re 50. | 到50岁你就变胖子 |
[07:43] | That’s if I ever get to 50. Oh! | 我能活到50再说 噢 |
[07:46] | Happy birthday, old man. | 生日快乐 老头子 |
[07:52] | Why don’t we run away together? | 我们一起走 怎么样 |
[07:54] | Where to? | 去哪 |
[08:09] | In the past, and still now, | 从前至今 |
[08:11] | San Francisco was the place where everyone wanted to go. | 旧金山都是人们趋之若鹜之地 |
[08:15] | To drop out, to fall in love. | 或避世 或私奔 |
[08:20] | But by 1972, the Haight was boarded up. | 但1972年 嬉皮文化兴起 |
[08:23] | Drug filled, crime filled. | 到处充斥着毒品 犯罪 |
[08:26] | The new place for us refugees | 一片新天地展现在我们这些流浪者面前 |
[08:29] | was a little Irish Catholic | 那是尤里卡谷中 |
[08:30] | neighborhood in the Eureka Valley, | 小小的爱尔兰天主教社区 |
[08:33] | six blocks square, | 横跨6个街区的… |
[08:36] | the Castro. | 卡斯特罗(旧金山同性恋大本营) |
[09:04] | 尤里卡谷商业联合会 | |
[09:23] | I cashed my last unemployment check yesterday. | 我昨天领了最后一份失业补助 |
[09:27] | Well, I hope you did something useful with it. | 希望那钱花得值 |
[09:31] | I bought an ounce of pot. | 我买了一盎司大麻 |
[09:33] | Don’t move for a second. | 别动 就一会 |
[09:38] | I suppose I can wait tables. | 我想去当服务生 |
[09:42] | I don’t want you to go anywhere. | 我不准去你其他地方 |
[09:43] | I want you right here with me. | 就待在这 跟我一起 |
[09:47] | I was thinking about a little shop. | 开家店怎么样 |
[09:49] | What kind of shop? | 什么店 |
[09:50] | Just a little shop with a little overhead. | 做小买卖 挣点小钱 |
[09:52] | Not too much work. | 不搞太大 |
[09:53] | Just like Morris and Minnie Milk of Woodmere, New York. | 就像纽约的莫里斯和伍德米妮牛奶店 |
[09:56] | Did you see the little place downstairs for rent? | 看到楼下招租了吗 |
[09:59] | Yeah. | 看到了 |
[10:01] | What do you think about that? | 那里怎么样 |
[10:03] | I think it sounds great. | 很不赖 |
[10:05] | A little bit up on the left. | 左边再高点 |
[10:12] | Oh, it looks great. Looks great. | 好看 真好看 |
[10:17] | You’re the new renters? | 你们是新的承租人吗 |
[10:19] | Well, hello. Harvey Milk. | 你好 我是哈维・米尔克 |
[10:22] | – McConnely. – Welcome to Castro Camera. | -我是麦考尼 -欢迎光临卡斯特罗照相馆 |
[10:24] | Scott. | 我是司高特 |
[10:26] | Yeah. I would like to join the, | 那个 我想 |
[10:28] | what’s it called, The Eureka Valley Merchants Association. | 加入尤里卡谷商业联合会 |
[10:32] | I’m not an interloper. | 我不是无照经营的 |
[10:33] | A Jew, perhaps, but I hope you’ll forgive that. | 犹太人 恕我冒犯 |
[10:36] | If you open those doors, | 如果你们的店开张 |
[10:38] | the Merchants Association will have the police pull your license. | 商会将叫警察来吊销你的执照 |
[10:41] | Under what law? | 哪条法律规定的 |
[10:42] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[10:44] | There’s man’s law and | 这个社区有人制定的法律 |
[10:45] | there’s God’s law in this neighborhood | 和上帝制定的法律 |
[10:47] | and in this city. | 这个城市也一样 |
[10:48] | You know, we pay taxes. | 我们有缴税的 |
[10:50] | The San Francisco police force is happy to enforce either. | 旧金山警察乐于执行这两种法律 |
[10:53] | Have a good day. | 祝你好运 |
[10:54] | Yeah, thank you for the warm welcome to the neighborhood! | 真感谢你的热烈欢迎 |
[11:00] | Schmuck! | 蠢货 |
[11:10] | Okay. Customers, come on in. | 顾客们 进来吧 |
[11:35] | We’ll form our own business association. | 我们要成立自己的商业协会 |
[11:37] | We’ll start with the gay businesses. | 开展同志业务 |
[11:40] | We’ll get the addresses of every customer | 咨询每个来买胶卷的顾客 |
[11:43] | That comes in the store for a roll of film | 收集他们的地址 |
[11:44] | and we’ll ask them what they want, what they need changed. | 问他们需要什么 想改变什么 |
[11:47] | We’ll get some money rolling in here. | 吸引资金 |
[11:49] | Revitalize the neighborhood. | 复苏这个社区 |
[11:50] | Can I come in now? | 能吃了吗 |
[11:53] | One more minute. | 再等等 |
[11:57] | And I can go to the neighborhood banks. | 我要去邻近银行 |
[11:59] | They must have some gay customers. | 他们肯定有同志客户 |
[12:01] | Harvey, what’s with all this political activist crap? | 哈维 你讲这些政治狗屁干吗 |
[12:04] | I mean, I thought you were a goddamn Republican. | 害我以为你是可恶的共和党人呢 |
[12:07] | I’m a businessman, Scott. | 司高特 我是商人 |
[12:09] | And businesses should be good to their customers. | 就算顾客是同志 |
[12:13] | Even if their customers are gay. | 做生意的也要服务顾客 |
[12:15] | For God’s sake, it’s San Francisco! | 天杀的 这是旧金山啊 |
[12:17] | Yeah. Well, it’s just like any other city in the country. | 没错 它和国内的其他城市一样 |
[12:20] | They hate us. Real surprise. | 别人讨厌我们 真是出乎意料 |
[12:22] | We should have at least one block in one city, right? | 我们至少要有一席之地 对吧 |
[12:25] | We start there and then we’ll take over the neighborhood. | 从那开始 然后拓展到其他地方 |
[12:29] | Maybe. | 可能吧 |
[12:31] | I’m coming in. | 我进来啦 |
[12:32] | Okay, you can come in now. | 好了 现在可以进来了 |
[12:38] | Finally. This better be good. | 终于好了 别让我失望 |
[12:43] | Happy birthday! | 生日快乐 |
[12:47] | I had to do it! I had to do it! I had to do it! | 我是迫不得已的 真的 真的 |
[12:51] | – Sanctuary, sanctuary! – Harvey Milk! | -缴枪不杀 缴枪不杀 -你完了! |
[12:53] | Sanctuary! | 缴枪不杀 |
[12:54] | And Castro became destination number one. | 卡斯特罗是第一站 |
[12:58] | Hundreds of gay men were coming every week from all over the world. | 每周都有同志从世界各地前来 |
[13:03] | It was our area. Our own neighborhood. | 那里成了同志的地盘 |
[13:16] | The police hated us. And we hated them right back. | 警察讨厌我们 我们不吝反击 |
[13:20] | They would come in and attack us and beat us just for fun. | 他们冲进来殴打同志取乐 |
[13:23] | But that wouldn’t stop us. | 但那不能阻止我们的行动 |
[13:24] | I made a list of shops that were | 我列了一张清单 |
[13:26] | Friendly to us and shops that weren’t. | 记录对我们友好或不友好的店家 |
[13:28] | Those shops that worked with us thrived. | 与我们合作的店铺都兴旺发达 |
[13:31] | Those that didn’t, went out of business. | 不合作的就以倒闭告终 |
[13:33] | Closed their doors. | 关门大吉 |
[13:38] | Excuse me, ladies and gentlemen. | 各位各位 抱歉借过 |
[13:40] | Mr. McConnely, l just came by to see how business was doing. | 麦考尼先生 我过来看看生意如何 |
[13:43] | Just fine, Harvey. | 还不错 哈维 |
[13:45] | You don’t mind having all these homosexuals in here? | 你不介意同志在这吗 |
[13:48] | Kidding, everybody. He loves our kind. Spend away. | 开玩笑的 他爱死我们了 各位努力花钱啊 |
[13:51] | Tell your wife I said hello. | 向你妻子问好 |
[13:54] | But people started hanging around our store. | 人们开始在我的店门口转悠 |
[13:57] | Not customers. Activists, kids, | 他们不是顾客 而是激进分子 |
[14:01] | young people who were looking for a home away from home. | 小孩和离家出走的年轻人 |
[14:25] | There was Danny Nicoletta, | 这是丹尼・尼科莱塔 |
[14:27] | cute art student that I picked up at Toad Hall, | 我从蟾园带回来的可爱艺术系学生 |
[14:28] | who worked in the shop. | 现在此工作 |
[14:30] | Harvey, come on. Opera is so passe. | 哈维 拜托 戏剧早过时了 |
[14:33] | You’re not understanding the spectacle of it, | 你不明白其中内涵 |
[14:35] | the bigger than life emotions. | 那种超越现实的情感 |
[14:36] | The bigger than life emotions? | 超越现实的情感吗 |
[14:43] | Jim Rivaldo, a great mind. | 吉姆・里瓦尔多 绝顶聪明 |
[14:45] | Harvard graduate, which nobody cared about in those days in the Castro. | 毕业于哈佛大学 当时的卡斯特罗没人在乎这个 |
[14:51] | Including himself. | 连他自己都不在乎 |
[14:52] | And somewhere along the line, Jim picked up a protege, | 还有吉姆带来的同僚 |
[14:55] | a cute political kid from Wisconsin, Dick Pabich. | 迪克・巴比什 来自威斯康辛的可爱政治男生 |
[14:58] | And of course, there was Dennis Peron, | 当然 还有丹尼斯・庇隆 |
[15:00] | who ran a very successful business with the young kids. | 他和年轻人一起开了家很成功的公司 |
[15:04] | And it wasn’t only the gays who noticed what was happening. | 不仅仅同性恋 连异性恋者也 |
[15:08] | Also the straight people. | 注意到情况转变 |
[15:10] | There were some very unexpected ones. | 接着 意想不到的事发生了 |
[15:13] | Teamster leader Allan Baird | 卡车司机工会会长阿兰・贝尔德 |
[15:15] | walked right into my shop and asked me | 径直走进店里 |
[15:17] | If l could get my people to help boycott Coors beer. | 问我能否召集大家抵制康胜啤酒 |
[15:21] | And the Coors beer boycott had not been too successful. | 这次抵制不算很成功 |
[15:23] | But I got my people to | 但大家将康胜啤酒 |
[15:25] | get all the Coors beer out of all the gay bars, | 驱逐出所有同志酒吧 |
[15:28] | and immediately Coors fell from number one and they caved. | 康胜的销量立刻一落千丈 他们投降了 |
[15:32] | A week later, the Teamsters union, for the very first time, | 一周后 卡车司机工会首次 |
[15:35] | hired openly gay drivers. | 聘用出柜的同志司机 |
[15:37] | We weren’t just a bunch of pansies anymore. | 我们不再是一群娘娘腔 |
[15:39] | We had had our first taste of power. | 我们首次感受到力量的好处 |
[15:42] | And it was about that time that someone first called me | 从那时起 就有人叫我 |
[15:45] | the Mayor of Castro Street, or I may have invented the term myself. | “卡斯特罗市长” 也许那是我自己发明的 |
[15:54] | The fucking cops, man. | 他妈的警察 |
[15:56] | Cops are pulling people out of Toad Hall. | 警察正在蟾园赶人 |
[15:58] | Why? What did they do? | 为什么 他们干吗了 |
[15:59] | They’re sweeping the streets. It’s happening right now. | 他们在搜查这条街 |
[16:00] | Come on. Come on. | 快走 快走 |
[16:27] | Through the door there, the front door there, | 过了那扇门 前门那边 |
[16:30] | was just an explosion of police charging in here. | 警察蜂拥而入 |
[16:34] | I ran into the bathroom to hide with some other people. | 我和其他人躲进厕所 |
[16:38] | All we could hear was screaming and crunching and smashing. | 耳边全是尖叫声 踩踏声 撞碎声 |
[16:44] | It was frankly the most terrifying experience I’ve had in my life. | 绝对是我毕生最可怕的经历 |
[16:57] | If we had someone in government | 如果政府里有人 |
[16:58] | who saw things the way that we see them, | 能代表我们的立场 |
[17:01] | like the black community has black leaders that look out for their interests. | 就像黑人有黑人领袖保护他们的权益 |
[17:14] | Politics is theater. | 政界就像歌剧 |
[17:16] | It doesn’t matter so much about winning. | 不关心输赢 |
[17:17] | You make a statement. | 你做个声明 |
[17:18] | You say, “I’m here.” You get their attention. | 说声”我来了” 就能获得关注 |
[17:24] | I mean, it’ll be fun. | 这大概会有趣 |
[17:30] | Even though the Castro was firmly our area by 1973, | 尽管到1973年 卡斯特罗已是我们的地盘 |
[17:32] | it wasn’t safe for us. | 但是并不安全 |
[17:35] | We would have to wear whistles on our necks or in our pockets. | 人人都带着口哨 挂在脖子上 放在口袋里 |
[17:39] | And if you ever heard a whistle, you would run to help. | 如果听到哨声 就会有人跑去帮忙 |
[17:43] | Fruit was walking home with his trick when he got jumped. | 弗鲁特被袭击时 正和炮友往家走 |
[17:47] | Name’s Robert Hillsborough. Did you know him? | 罗伯特・歇尔波洛 你认识吗 |
[17:50] | He used to come into my shop. Are there any witnesses? | 他以前常来我的店 有目击证人吗 |
[17:53] | Yeah, just the trick, Jerry Taylor. | 有 就是那炮友 杰瑞・泰勒 |
[17:55] | Jerry’s not his trick, he’s his lover. | 杰瑞不是他炮友 是他的恋人 |
[17:58] | Hey, call it what you will. | 随你怎么叫 |
[17:59] | All we know is he’s our only witness | 据我们所知他是唯一证人 |
[18:01] | and he said he can’t identify the attackers. | 他说无法辨认袭击者 |
[18:03] | Oh, you’d have a dozen witnesses if they thought you boys had any | 如果人们觉得警察真能保护大众 |
[18:05] | real interest in protecting them. | 就会有很多证人 |
[18:23] | Hey, come on. Come over. Everyone gather around. | 过来 过来 大家都过来 |
[18:26] | Hey, Milk, good job on Coors. | 你好 米尔克 抵制康胜做得不错 |
[18:28] | Thank you and we were very happy to do that. We were very happy to do that. | 谢谢 我们很乐于这样做 真的 |
[18:32] | Everyone over here, gather around. | 大家都过来 聚拢过来啊 |
[18:39] | Hello. I’m Harvey Milk. | 大家好 我是哈维・米尔克 |
[18:45] | A week ago, | 一周前 |
[18:48] | police officers came into our area with badges covered. | 警察戴着警徽 冲进我们的地盘 |
[18:54] | They sent 14 of our people to hospitals and to jail. | 打伤并拘留了14人 |
[18:59] | The charges, “Blocking the sidewalk.” | 罪名是 堵塞人行道 |
[19:05] | Let’s let our tax money go to our protection, | 我们的税款该用于保护我们 |
[19:07] | not our persecution. | 而不是对我们进行迫害 |
[19:10] | Worry about gun control, not marijuana control. | 多关注枪械管制 而不是大麻 |
[19:14] | School supplies, seniors, not the books we read! | 多关心学校教具 年老长者 而不是我们看的书 |
[19:23] | My fellow degenerates, | 我的基友们 |
[19:26] | I would like to announce my candidacy for San Francisco City Supervisor! | 我正式宣布 将竞选旧金山市监事员 |
[19:33] | (监事候选人 哈维・米尔克) | |
[19:36] | – How are you, Lee? – Fine, thank you. | -你好吗 李 -很好 谢谢 |
[19:38] | Oh, I bought you some flowers to brighten up your day. | 我带花来给你 祝你愉快 |
[19:40] | Could I leave some flyers for your customers? | 可以给客人发几张传单吗 |
[19:43] | Hello, everyone. | 大家好 |
[19:45] | Harvey Milk, running for supervisor. | 我是哈维・米尔克 监事候选人 |
[19:46] | We need your support. | 我们需要你的支持(米尔克为大众谋福祉 ) |
[19:48] | Are you registered to vote? | 你有登记投票吗 |
[19:50] | Let me just give you that. It’s for Harvey Milk for supervisor. | 请收下这个 哈维・米尔克竞选监事 |
[19:52] | He’s running for the Board of Supervisors. | 谢谢(扩建公共图书馆) |
[19:53] | He’s running for the Board of Supervisors. | (降低公共交通费用) |
[19:55] | Take care. Have a good day. | 祝你愉快(增加青少年娱乐活动) |
[19:56] | Harvey Milk for supervisor! | 选哈维・米尔克监事 |
[19:58] | Excuse me, ma’am, are you registered to vote? | 女士 你登记投票了吗(修改警察预算) |
[20:01] | Sir, are you registered to vote? | 先生 你登记投票了吗 |
[20:02] | I’m Harvey Milk, sir. I’m running for supervisor. | 我是哈维・米尔克 竞选监事(停止浪费纳税人金钱) |
[20:05] | I want you to know that my campaign is very interested | 我非常关注本区的退休长者福利 |
[20:07] | in taking care of seniors in the area. | (为退休市民提供廉租房) |
[20:09] | We’ve been doing a lot about reaching out. | 我们做了很多的援助(哈维支持少数群体) |
[20:11] | I’m Harvey Milk. | 我是哈维・米尔克 |
[20:12] | Will you register here if you’re not registered? | 如果你没登记 能在这登记吗 |
[20:15] | I like the way those pants fit! Where are you from, kid? | 我喜欢你的裤子 小孩 你从哪来 |
[20:20] | Sorry, old man, not interested. | 抱歉 老头 我不感兴趣 |
[20:22] | Where’s home? | 家乡在哪 |
[20:24] | Phoenix. | 凤凰城 |
[20:26] | Come here. Just come here a minute. | 过来 就1分钟 |
[20:31] | I’m Harvey Milk. I’m running for supervisor. | 我是哈维・米尔克 正竞选监事 |
[20:34] | What’s your name? | 尊姓大名? |
[20:35] | Cleve Jones. | 克莱夫・琼斯 |
[20:37] | Cleve Jones. You’re adorable. | 克里夫・琼斯 你真可爱 |
[20:40] | We should get you over here and get you registered, Mr. Jones. | 你能登记投票嘛 琼斯先生 |
[20:45] | Fuck that. Elections of any kind | 操他的 所有选举 |
[20:47] | are fucking bourgeois affectation. | 都是资本家的装摸做样 |
[20:49] | Is that right? | 是嘛 |
[20:51] | What do you do, trick up on Polk Street? | 你做什么 在波尔卡街拉客吗 |
[20:56] | If I need the cash. | 就算我缺钱 |
[20:58] | But I’m a little bit more selective about my clients than you are. | 也有很多客户可选 不用选你 |
[21:01] | Okay, let me ask you one thing before you go back to work. | 去工作前 让我问你个问题 |
[21:03] | What was it like to be a little queer in Phoenix? | 凤凰城的同志生活感受如何 |
[21:06] | Did all the jocks beat you up in gym class? | 体育课上大家都打你吗 |
[21:12] | I faked a lung disease to get out of P.E. | 我谎称有肺病 没上体育课 |
[21:15] | So what, what are you? Some kind of street shrink? | 你算哪根葱 街头心理医生吗 |
[21:17] | Sometimes. | 也许吧 |
[21:19] | But what I’m talking about is that we can change Phoenix. | 我们能改变凤凰城 |
[21:22] | But we have to start with our street. | 但必须从这条街开始 |
[21:26] | Police abuse, rent control, | 警察滥用职权 租金管制问题 |
[21:29] | pot, parks, seniors issues. | 还有大麻 长者难题 |
[21:32] | Good luck with all that. | 祝你好运啊 |
[21:34] | Good luck. | 好运 |
[21:37] | You know what I think, Cleve Jones? | 知道我有什么想法吗 克里夫・琼斯 |
[21:39] | That you’re gonna get somewhere if you keep talking. | 如果你口若悬河 就能达成所愿 |
[21:41] | No. I think you should do what you do well. | 不对 我希望你能一展所长 |
[21:43] | You should be a prick. | 你该有所成就 |
[21:45] | But come with us and be a prick. Fight City Hall. Fight the cops. | 和我们一起奋战 对抗市政厅 对抗警察 |
[21:49] | Fight the people that made you come here to do what you do. | 对抗迫使你在这以此谋生的人 |
[21:51] | Sorry, old man, I’m leaving for Spain tomorrow. Europe. | 抱歉 老头 我明天去西班牙 欧洲 |
[21:54] | All the cash I need is in my back pocket. | 需要的钱都在裤兜里 |
[22:06] | I’m just saying that at this point, it looks like all the big guns, | 此时 似乎所有大人物 |
[22:09] | all the gay money, the real money, | 所有同志的钱 现金 |
[22:11] | is gonna get behind Feinstein | 都支持费恩斯坦 |
[22:12] | and all the straight candidates they consider “gay-friendly.” | 和那些自称”同志领袖”的异性恋候选者 |
[22:14] | Who cares about those old queens? | 谁在乎那些老同性恋啊 |
[22:16] | Well, you need them to get elected. | 但是 竞选需要他们的支持 |
[22:17] | Why isn’t my campaign manager leading this meeting? | 我的竞选经理怎么不主持会议 |
[22:20] | ‘Cause I’m exhausted.I’ve been handing out pamphlets for seven hours. | 连发7小时的传单 我快累死了 |
[22:22] | Yeah, in a bathhouse. | 辛苦你了 去澡堂吧(男同志亲密场所) |
[22:24] | And who are these so-called gay leaders anyway? | 那些所谓的同志领袖是何许人也 |
[22:26] | Who appointed them? | 谁任命他们的 |
[22:27] | What are you suggesting, Jim? | 吉姆 你这是什么建议 |
[22:28] | That I go down there and solicit their endorsement? | 要我低声下气讨好他们吗 |
[22:31] | I mean, we’re down here trying to help people on the streets. | 我们在街边助人为乐的时候 |
[22:33] | Where are they? | 他们在哪儿 |
[22:34] | Yeah, l know, but… You need an endorsement, Harvey. | 我知道 但你需要他们支持 |
[22:36] | Take this. | 看这个 |
[22:37] | Checking the exposure. | 检查照片的曝光度 |
[22:39] | They’re nice pictures. | 照得不错 |
[22:41] | – Is he your boyfriend? – Sort of. | -你男友吗 -算是吧 |
[22:43] | Harvey, David Goodstein is a publisher from The Advocate. | 大卫・古德斯坦是《拥护》杂志的出版商 他会帮我们 |
[22:47] | Harvey, l think you got to see this. | 哈维 你看这个 |
[22:55] | ”Harvey Milk will have a dream journey | 哈维・米尔克 诅咒你下地狱死翘翘 |
[22:58] | And nightmare to hell, a night of horror. | 夜夜噩梦惊魂 |
[23:00] | You will be stabbed and | 千刀万剐 |
[23:02] | Have your genitals, cock, balls and prick cut off. | 鸡巴和蛋蛋都被切掉 |
[23:07] | I’m calling the police. | 我去报警 |
[23:08] | They probably wrote it. Look, think of it this way. | 也许就是警察写的 这么想 |
[23:12] | If they try to kill me, I’ll get the sympathy vote. | 有人想杀我 就会有人投同情票给我 |
[23:14] | That might be just the push we need. | 那可正中下怀 |
[23:16] | You think this is funny? Look at it. | 你觉得这样好玩? 看仔细点啊 |
[23:22] | It’s a total joke. | 不过是恶作剧 |
[23:23] | I mean, it’s got no rhythm, no humor. It’s insulting. | 无聊 没意思 只想羞辱我 |
[23:30] | Don’t do that. | 别贴那儿 |
[23:31] | No, if you put it away, you put it in a drawer, | 不 如果扔掉 或藏抽屉里 |
[23:33] | It just gets bigger and scarier. | 只会更担惊受怕 |
[23:35] | Here, it’s right here. We see it every day. It can’t get us. | 贴这里每天看 就没什么好怕了 |
[23:40] | Gonna spend all this energy to make yourself a target? | 花那么多精力当靶子值得吗 |
[23:43] | For something you’re not gonna even win? | 就为一场甚至赢不了的竞选 |
[23:44] | I keep telling you, it’s not just about winning. | 我一直跟你说 这不是输赢的问题 |
[23:49] | The top gays in San Francisco were David Goodstein | 旧金山最有权势的同志是大卫・古德斯坦 |
[23:52] | And his civil rights lawyer sidekick, Rick Stokes. | 和他的密友 民权律师瑞克・斯托克斯 |
[23:55] | David was a rich old queen | 大卫是个有钱的老同志 |
[23:56] | Who had bought the biggest gay magazine, The Advocate. | 他买下了发行量最大的同志杂志《拥护》 |
[23:59] | – Hello. – Hello, welcome to Mr. Goodstein’s. | -您好 -你们好 欢迎来古德斯坦先生家作客 |
[24:01] | Milo. | 莫诺 |
[24:03] | I worked for a financial institution in New York. | 我原本在纽约一家金融机构上班 |
[24:06] | I was very discreet. | 为人谨慎 |
[24:08] | One night | 有一晚 |
[24:09] | I went to the Metropolitan Opera, ll Trovatore, Verdi. | 我去大都会歌剧院看威尔第的《游吟诗人》 |
[24:12] | I was sitting in a box, next to my lover. | 我和爱人坐在包厢里 |
[24:15] | Someone spotted us. Next day I was fired. | 被人发现了 隔天就被炒了鱿鱼 |
[24:19] | So I decided to do something about it. | 所以我决定做点什么 |
[24:21] | Came out here to San Francisco, l bought The Advocate. | 来旧金山 买下《拥护》 |
[24:24] | I use my money and my influence, | 利用金钱和影响力 |
[24:26] | In very subtle and quiet ways, to do what I can. | 以非常低调的方式 尽我所能 |
[24:30] | So you think that backing straight candidates | 你认为支持异性恋候选人 |
[24:32] | Is the best way to help us? | 是帮助同志的最好方式? |
[24:33] | Yeah, if they’re friendly to our cause. | 对 只要他们支持我们即可 |
[24:35] | Supervisor is a citywide office. | 监事是一项全市性的工作 |
[24:37] | Political alliances have to be built. | 需要建立政治同盟 |
[24:39] | You can’t just move here from across the country and | 你不能刚从美国另一头搬来 |
[24:42] | Run for that office. | 就妄想当选 |
[24:43] | But l am running for office. | 但我正在竞选 |
[24:45] | I’m on the ballot. | 我是候选人之一 |
[24:46] | I have the union rank and file, I have the seniors. | 工会支持我 长者们也支持我 |
[24:48] | And I would like to have your magazine’s endorsement. | 我也希望得到贵杂志认可 |
[24:52] | Harvey, we’re like the Catholic church. | 哈维 我们就像天主教会 |
[24:55] | We welcome converts, | 随时欢迎迷途羔羊的加入 |
[24:56] | But we don’t make them Pope the same day. | 但不可能马上选他当教皇 |
[24:59] | Why haven’t you run yet? | 您为何不去竞选 |
[25:01] | Too early. Especially from the Castro. | 时机不到 尤其在卡斯特罗区 |
[25:06] | What’s wrong with the Castro? | 卡斯特罗有什么问题 |
[25:07] | Nobody works there. | 那区都是无业游民 |
[25:08] | It’s all about sex and drugs and more sex. | 全是性 毒品 更多的性 |
[25:10] | David, we need one of our own in office. | 大卫 政府里需要有我们的自己人 |
[25:14] | Harvey, you can’t demand acceptance overnight. | 哈维 一夜之间得到认可是不可能的 |
[25:18] | Why not? | 为什么不能 |
[25:20] | The more “out” you make us, the more you incite them. | 你越突出 反对就越激烈 |
[25:22] | Harvey, step back and quiet down. | 退一步海阔天空 低调些 |
[25:25] | You’re suggesting we should go back in the closet? | 你要我们隐藏性向吗 |
[25:28] | Is that what you’re saying? | 是这样吗 |
[25:29] | I spent more years in the closet than I care to remember. | 我都不记得偷偷摸摸多少年了 |
[25:32] | Let’s go, Scott. | 司高特 我们走 |
[25:34] | I don’t need your magazine’s endorsement. | 我不需要贵杂志的支持 |
[25:35] | And I’m not asking for anyone’s acceptance. | 我也不会再祈求任何人的认可 |
[25:37] | I don’t have time. | 没那闲工夫 |
[25:39] | For you, politics is a game, a lark. | 奉劝你 政治是一场游戏 一场恶作剧 |
[25:42] | It’s like putting on a rock festival or staging a love-in. | 就像摇滚音乐节 或嬉皮士性爱集会 |
[25:45] | You’re too old to be a hippie, Harvey Milk. | 想当嬉皮士 你老了点 哈维・米尔克 |
[25:47] | I am not a candidate. I am part of a movement. | 我不仅竞选 还是同性运动的一部分 |
[25:50] | The movement is the candidate. There is a difference. | 同志运动者作为候选人 区别很大 |
[25:53] | You don’t see it, but I do. | 您不明白 但是我明白 |
[25:57] | Sorry, I, uh, pissed in the pool. | 不好意思 我在您的泳池撒尿了 |
[26:01] | So, on election day, out of 32 candidates vying for six seats, | 投票当天 32个候选人竞争6个席位 |
[26:06] | We came in tenth. We lost. | 我们排第10 输了 |
[26:10] | But only a few votes shy of my becoming the first big eared, | 不过 我这个兜风耳 会吹箫 货真价实的同性恋 |
[26:15] | Cock-sucking, queer as a three-dollar-bill-man . | 要进政府部门工作 |
[26:21] | To be elected to public office | 也只差几票的支持 |
[26:24] | So we decided to try it again in 1975. | 所以1975年 我们决定再试一次 |
[26:29] | Only this time, with a few adjustments. | 这一次做出适当调整 |
[26:33] | No. No, not cute. I hate the shoes. | 不 一点都不可爱 我讨厌这双鞋 |
[26:37] | I hate the hair. You’re not fooling anybody. | 讨厌这发型 你骗不了全部人的 |
[26:39] | I’m not gonna let those little Pacific Heights biddies | 我不想让那些碎嘴子评论家 |
[26:41] | Write me off anymore because of a ponytail. I like it. | 在小辫子上大做文章 我喜欢这样 |
[26:44] | No more bathhouses, no more pot, | 不去澡堂 不吸大麻 |
[26:47] | For me and my little poo. | 我和小甜心都要这么做 |
[26:51] | – Speak for yourself. – Come on. | -你就自说自话吧 -来吧 |
[26:52] | We ran and lost the supervisor’s race for the second time in 1975, | 1975年 我们二次落败监事竞选 |
[26:59] | But with more votes than ever before. | 但是选票比以前增加很多 |
[27:03] | So in 1976, against everyone’s advice, | 所以1976年 尽管大家都不赞成 |
[27:08] | I really pissed off the political power houses | 我惹怒了民主党的政权机构 |
[27:11] | In the Democratic party by running against their man, Art Agnos, | 我挑战他们的候选人 阿特・阿格诺斯 |
[27:16] | Who was part of their political machine. | 他本身就是政府机构的一员 |
[27:18] | And this time, not for supervisor, but for a bigger job, | 这次 不是参事 而是更高的目标 |
[27:21] | For the California State Assembly. | 竞选加州议员 |
[27:23] | I don’t think that State Assembly seats should be the reward | 我认为议员的职位不该授予 |
[27:27] | For service to the Democratic party machine. | 为民主党机构服务的人 |
[27:29] | Machines run on oil and grease. They’re dirty. | 这种机构只会搜刮民脂 肮脏透顶 |
[27:32] | They’re dehumanizing. And they tend to be entirely unresponsive | 他们缺乏人性 对民众麻木不仁 |
[27:36] | To the needs of anybody, but those of their operator. | 对操纵者言听计从 |
[27:39] | Mr. Milk, I’ve been a social worker in this city for years. | 米尔克先生 我在本市服务多年 |
[27:43] | I know Sacramento. | 我了解萨克拉门托(美国加州首府) |
[27:45] | I know how to get done what we all need done there. | 我知道如何完成自己的使命 |
[27:47] | Tell me something, Mr. Agnos, right here in the Castro, | 那您说说 阿格诺斯先生 就在卡斯特罗 |
[27:51] | Robert Hillsbourough was murdered for walking home | 罗伯特・歇尔波洛携爱人回家时 |
[27:54] | With his longtime partner. He was stabbed 15 times. | 被刺死了 身中15刀 |
[27:59] | The last words he heard were, ”Faggot, faggot, faggot.” | 而他听到最后的话是”死玻璃 死玻璃 死玻璃” |
[28:03] | Now, you say you’re outraged. | 现在你可能义愤填膺 |
[28:09] | Why then does your liberal establishment refuse to answer our calls? | 为何当时您那开明的组织拒绝我们的求救 |
[28:14] | Why do they not bring these murderers to justice? | 为何不让杀人者得到应有的惩罚 |
[28:20] | My God, you’re handsome up close. | 老天 你帅呆了 |
[28:23] | Can’t tell you how much I’m looking forward to licking you, | 我迫不及待在选举投票上 |
[28:26] | In the polls. | 击败你 |
[28:29] | You know, Harv, your whole rap’s a real downer. | 哈维 你的演讲十分让人沮丧 |
[28:33] | You talk a lot about what you’re against. | 你滔滔不绝 反对众多 |
[28:35] | But what are you for? | 但你赞成什么呢 |
[28:37] | In this town, you got to give them a reason for optimism, | 你得承诺市民一个乐观的前景 |
[28:39] | Or you’re cooked. | 否则没戏 |
[28:45] | See you around. | 再见 |
[28:47] | Okay, Art. | 再见 阿特 |
[28:48] | You’re gonna wanna read that entire thing. | 这些稿子你要看一下 |
[28:50] | Okay, I’ll take a look at it. | 好的 我就看 |
[28:52] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[28:53] | – Guys. – Don’t touch that. | -伙计们 -别碰那个 |
[28:56] | Harvey. Harvey, dinner. | 哈维 哈维 晚饭好了 |
[28:59] | They love me, they love me. | 他们爱我 他们爱我 |
[29:05] | Excuse me. Excuse me. | 让让 让让 |
[29:09] | Harvey, you have to eat. | 哈维 该吃饭了 |
[29:11] | Everyone, the apartment is now off limits! | 大家注意 我们家现在清场送客 |
[29:14] | Good night. Good night. | 大家晚安 |
[29:17] | Good night. Whose jacket is this? | 晚安 夹克是谁的 |
[29:19] | – Right here. – Here you go. Good night. | -我的 -给你 晚安 |
[29:21] | Down the stairs. Thank you. Thank you. | 慢走 多谢合作 |
[29:25] | Good night. Thank you. | 晚安 多谢 |
[29:27] | I think you got to call the guy, ’cause l can’t talk to that guy. | 你给他打电话吧 我和他谈不到一块 |
[29:29] | Sit. | 坐 |
[29:32] | Don’t say anything. | 什么都别说 |
[29:45] | Can l just tell you… | 我能不能说… |
[29:47] | if you say anything about politics or the campaign, | 如果你想扯什么政治选举 |
[29:50] | Or what speech you have to give or anything, | 他妈的什么讲稿的鬼话 |
[29:52] | I swear to God l’m gonna stab you with this fork. | 我绝对会一叉子叉死你 |
[29:56] | I just wanted to say that | 我想说 |
[29:58] | This is the most wonderful dinner l have ever had. | 这是我吃过最美妙的晚餐了 |
[30:07] | If we lose this, it’ll just be you and me again. | 这次输了的话 我们就过二人世界 |
[30:11] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[30:12] | I’m sorry, I just… | 对不起 我只是… |
[30:14] | No, I know. I know, I know. | 不用说 我都懂 我都懂 |
[31:22] | Phoenix. | 凤凰城小子 |
[31:24] | At least now you look gay. | 你现在倒像个同性恋 |
[31:33] | Let’s go inside. | 进屋说吧 |
[31:46] | Are you staying up with me? | 你和我一起通宵吗 |
[31:51] | The election’s tomorrow. I won’t sleep anyway. | 明天选举 反正也睡不着 |
[32:02] | Was he handsome? | 他帅吗 |
[32:03] | Oh, no! He was hideous. | 不 他挺丑的 |
[32:09] | Usually when my lovers leave, | 通常爱人离我而去 |
[32:11] | They cheat with even more attractive men. | 都会找到更帅的男人 |
[32:18] | I actually thought | 我还傻乎乎的认为 |
[32:20] | We were gonna spend the rest of our lives together. | 他能跟我过一辈子呢 |
[32:29] | Well, guess what, Cleve Jones. | 你知道吗 克里夫・琼斯 |
[32:33] | What? | 什么 |
[32:34] | You’re going to meet the most extraordinary men, | 你将遇到更与众不同的男人 |
[32:38] | The sexiest, funniest, brightest men. | 最性感 最风趣 最聪明的男人 |
[32:42] | You’re going to meet so many of them, | 人一生 会遇到很多人 |
[32:43] | Fall in love with so many of them, | 爱上很多人 |
[32:44] | You won’t know till the end of your life | 也许死了才能搞懂 |
[32:46] | Which ones were your greatest lovers | 哪个是亲密爱人 |
[32:47] | And which were your greatest friends. | 哪个是知心好友 |
[32:51] | Is that supposed to help? | 那么想有用吗 |
[32:53] | Maybe a little. Or not. | 也许有用 也许没用 |
[33:06] | I went to Spain last month. | 上个月我去西班牙了 |
[33:09] | Long story. | 说来话长 |
[33:14] | In Barcelona, there was this memorial march | 巴塞罗那 有场纪念游行 |
[33:17] | For gay people that had died under Franco. | 悼念死在佛朗哥独裁下的同性恋 |
[33:21] | Of course, the police tried to break it up. | 当然 警察想驱散人群 |
[33:23] | But these queens didn’t run. No. | 但是大家没有退缩 |
[33:26] | They turned around and they started a fucking riot. | 他们转回头 掀起他妈的一场暴乱 |
[33:29] | L saw a bullet, one of those big rubber bullets | 我看到一颗子弹 巨大的橡胶子弹 |
[33:32] | Rip through a drag queen’s scalp, | 撕裂了一个易装女王的头皮 |
[33:34] | but she kept on fighting. | 但她仍然反抗 |
[33:37] | She was screaming, but she kept on fighting. | 她在尖叫 但仍继续斗争 |
[33:41] | I mean… | 我是说… |
[33:44] | Our lives. | 我们的生命 |
[33:48] | There was blood literally running in the gutter. | 排水沟里都是鲜血 |
[33:53] | In a gutter. | 都在排水沟里 |
[33:59] | We could have a revolution here. | 我们可以在这儿进行革命 |
[34:04] | But you can’t use the Castro just to cruise. | 但你不能只在卡斯特罗寻欢 |
[34:08] | You have to fight. | 你必须为之战斗 |
[34:13] | You really think you’ll win? | 你真能赢吗 |
[34:14] | Winning is not my strong suit. | 胜利不是我的强项 |
[34:22] | I don’t do losing, ever. | 我从不做失败的事 |
[34:24] | Maybe I should run for office and you can work for me. | 或许我该去竞选 你为我办事 |
[34:27] | I mean, if you can do it… | 我是说 如果你能做… |
[34:30] | Can you assemble a thousand people in an hour? | 一小时内你能召集到1000多人吗 |
[34:32] | Fuck, yeah. | 靠 当然 |
[34:33] | Well, if I run again, you’re gonna be my man. | 好的 如果我再次竞选 你来帮我 |
[34:37] | If? | 如果 |
[34:39] | You’re so adorable. | 你真可爱 |
[34:43] | The polls are open in 3 hours. | 3小时后开始投票 |
[34:46] | How about you and I hit the bus stops? | 咱俩一起去车站如何 |
[34:50] | Okay. | 好啦 |
[34:53] | Yes, Jesus | 我主啊 |
[34:58] | Loves me | 爱我吧 |
[35:01] | Anita Bryant was once known as an orange juice saleswoman. | 阿妮塔・布莱恩特曾是一名著名的橙汁推销员 |
[35:04] | Hi, l’m Anita Bryant. | 嗨 我是阿妮塔・布莱恩特 |
[35:06] | Hi, l’m Anita Bryant. | 嗨 我是阿妮塔・布莱恩特 |
[35:08] | Hello, l’m Anita Bryant. | 嗨 我是阿妮塔・布莱恩特 |
[35:10] | With a religious fervor that has made her | 对宗教的狂热使她一夜之间 |
[35:12] | America’s most controversial woman overnight, | 变为美国最具争议的女性 |
[35:14] | Her group is crusading to repeal a new Dade County law, | 她的组织正致力废除 |
[35:18] | Which protects homosexuals in jobs and housing. | 保障同性恋工作和住房权利的戴德郡法案 |
[35:20] | I believe that more than ever before, | 我认为现在 |
[35:23] | That there are evil forces | 正是邪恶力量 |
[35:28] | Round about us, | 最鼎盛的时候 |
[35:31] | Even perhaps disguised as something good, | 尽管伪装得很美好 |
[35:36] | That would want to tear down the very foundation of | 但这股力量想要摧毁 |
[35:41] | The family unit that holds America together. | 维系美国存在的家庭根基 |
[35:43] | There are those people who say that it is | 有些人认为 |
[35:45] | Kind of an eye for an eye law that is at work here, | 您否认同性恋享有合法权益 |
[35:47] | That you’re denying homosexuals many of their rights as well. | 是一种以眼还眼的报复 |
[35:50] | You see, if homosexuals are allowed their civil rights, | 如果同性恋享有公民权 |
[35:53] | Then so would prostitutes or thieves or anyone else. | 那么妓女 小偷也该有权益了 |
[35:56] | God puts it in a category of morality. | 上帝给道德划定了范畴 |
[35:58] | Doesn’t that necessarily follow that you believe that | 那是你是否认为 |
[36:01] | Homosexuality ought to be illegal? | 同性恋应该是非法的 |
[36:02] | I do believe that it should be illegal. | 我坚决认为 同性恋应该是非法的 |
[36:05] | Well, we lost, but we didn’t lose by much. | 我们输了 但输得不多 |
[36:08] | More votes than ever! | 选票比以前多很多 |
[36:13] | That used to make you laugh. | 你这时候该笑了 |
[36:18] | Harvey, I got to show you something. | 哈维 给你看点东西 |
[36:22] | This is incredible. | 难以置信 |
[36:26] | If we can get that new initiative on district elections to go through, | 假如我们能让选区的新倡议通过 |
[36:30] | And we can, we can, | 这是可能的 完全可能 |
[36:35] | The boundary for the new supervisor district | 下次竞选区域将 |
[36:39] | Is gonna go right down Market Street, | 将穿过商业街 |
[36:44] | Right around the Haight like this, | 一直到嬉皮街 |
[36:50] | And right around the Castro. | 加上卡斯特罗周边 |
[36:57] | The Haight and the Castro. That’s it. | 嬉皮街加卡斯特罗区 就这样 |
[37:01] | If these are the only people we have to convince, | 我们只要说服这些人 |
[37:02] | The hippies and the gays, | 嬉皮士和同志 |
[37:06] | You win, you win. | 就赢定了 |
[37:10] | You win by a landslide. | 压倒性胜利 |
[37:16] | You’ll be | 你将当选为 |
[37:17] | The first openly gay man elected to major office in the U.S. | 美国第一位公开同性恋身份的政府人员 |
[37:25] | I don’t know if I have another one in me. | 我不知道有没勇气再试一次 |
[37:28] | Or Scotty. | 司高特也是 |
[37:33] | Yeah, well. | 也是 那好 |
[37:47] | Relentless man. Oh, you’re a relentless man. | 百折不挠啊 你真是个百折不挠的人 |
[37:57] | This is the CBS Evening News with Walter Cronkite. | 欢迎收看CBS晚间新闻 我是沃特・克郎凯 |
[38:01] | The battle over homosexual rights in Dade County, Florida. | 佛州戴德郡同性恋合法争议已达白热化 |
[38:05] | The battle pitting singer Anita Bryant | 歌手阿妮塔・布莱恩特与同性恋权利 |
[38:07] | Against gay rights activist comes to a vote there Tuesday. | 激进分子之争将在本周四投票中见分晓 |
[38:10] | The issue was whether or not to repeal a four-month-old ordinance, | 争议源于是否废除刚颁布4个月的法案 |
[38:14] | Which prohibits job and housing discrimination against homosexuals. | 该法案禁止在工作及住房方面歧视同性恋 |
[38:18] | In anticipation of the vote, | 在投票前 |
[38:20] | The gay community has staged protests | 纽约及全国各大城市的 |
[38:22] | In New York and other major cities across the country. | 同性恋团体游行抗议 |
[38:25] | The vote is going now 18,930 for repeal. | 目前18930选票支持废除法案 |
[38:29] | Oh, give me a fucking break. | 快他妈饶了我吧 |
[38:31] | Eighty eight hundred sixty nine against repeal. | 8869票反对废除法案 |
[38:33] | Virgil, is that enough for you to make a projection? | 维吉尔 您是否能作出预测 |
[38:36] | I think very definitely that | 形势很明确 |
[38:38] | The ordinance is going to be repealed. | 法案将被废除 |
[38:42] | With this margin, it’s over. | 差距悬殊 大局已定 |
[38:44] | Tonight, the laws of God | 今晚 我主的律例 |
[38:48] | And the cultural values of man have been vindicated. | 与世人的价值观念得到捍卫 |
[38:52] | The people of Dade County, the normal majority, | 戴德郡的人们 大多数的正常人 |
[38:56] | Have said, ”Enough, enough, enough. ” | 出来说 “够了 够了 够了” |
[39:11] | Scotty? | 司高特 |
[39:13] | I’m sorry, sir, I read about you in the paper. | 抱歉 先生 我在报纸上看到您的消息 |
[39:15] | I’m sorry. I can’t talk right now. | 抱歉 我现在不方便听电话 |
[39:18] | Sir, I think I’m gonna kill myself. | 先生 我想我得自杀了 |
[39:22] | No. You don’t want to do that. | 别 别那么做 |
[39:25] | Where are you calling from? | 你从哪打来电话? |
[39:27] | Minnesota. | 明尼苏达州 |
[39:30] | You saw my picture in the paper in Minnesota? | 明尼苏达州的报纸上有我的照片? |
[39:33] | How did I look? | 我看上去怎么样 |
[39:34] | My folks are gonna take me to this place tomorrow. | 明天家人要把我送到医院去 |
[39:39] | A hospital.To fix me. | 治我的病 |
[39:42] | There’s nothing wrong with you. Listen to me. | 你肯定没病 听我说 |
[39:45] | You just get on a bus to the nearest biggest city. | 你现在坐公交到附近的大城市 |
[39:48] | Los Angeles or New York or San Francisco, | 洛杉矶 纽约 或是旧金山 |
[39:51] | It doesn’t matter, you just leave. | 没事的 离开就好 |
[39:52] | And you are not sick, | 你没病 |
[39:55] | And you are not wrong and God does not hate you. | 你没做错任何事 上帝不会怪你 |
[39:58] | Just leave. | 走就行了 |
[40:01] | I can’t. I can’t walk, sir. | 不行 先生 我不能走路 |
[40:04] | Paul, I need you to come out here. | 保罗 你出来一下 |
[40:07] | Hello? | 喂 |
[40:08] | Harvey! | 哈维 |
[40:10] | Hello? | 喂 |
[40:12] | Oh, shit. | 该死 |
[40:14] | Harvey, you better come down, there’s going to be a riot. | 哈维 你得下去看看 要暴乱了 |
[40:30] | Harvey, you should get to the stage. | 哈维 你站台上去 |
[40:32] | Bring him the stage, guys. | 伙计 带他去台子那里 |
[40:35] | If you can’t control them, we will. | 要是你管不住他们 我们来管 |
[40:38] | Just get me permission to march them. | 给我游行的许可就行 |
[40:40] | Where? | 哪儿 |
[40:42] | Anywhere. | 哪儿都成 |
[40:57] | Out of the bar and into the streets! | 走出酒吧 到大街上去 |
[40:59] | Anita Bryant’s coming for you! | 阿妮塔・布莱恩特来抓你们了 |
[41:03] | Out of the bar and into the streets! | 走出酒吧 到大街上去 |
[41:05] | Anita Bryant’s coming for you! | 阿妮塔・布莱恩特来抓你们了 |
[41:07] | We have vowed to fight back! | 誓死反抗 |
[41:10] | We have vowed to fight back! | 誓死反抗 |
[41:13] | We have vowed to fight back! | 誓死反抗 |
[41:16] | We have vowed to fight back! | 誓死反抗 |
[41:19] | We have vowed to fight back! | 誓死反抗 |
[41:22] | We have vowed to fight back! | 誓死反抗 |
[41:25] | We have vowed to fight back! | 誓死反抗 |
[41:35] | I know you are angry. | 我知道你们很愤怒 |
[41:42] | I am angry! | 我也很愤怒 |
[41:46] | Let’s march the streets of San Francisco | 让我们在旧金山的街道上游行 |
[41:49] | and share our anger! | 共泄心头之愤 |
[42:00] | Gay rights now! | 还我同志权利 |
[42:02] | Gay rights now! Gay rights now! | 还我同志权利 还我同志权利 |
[42:05] | Gay rights now! Gay rights now! Gay rights now! | 还我同志权利 还我同志权利 还我同志权利 |
[42:10] | Gay rights now! Gay rights now! | 还我同志权利 还我同志权利 |
[42:13] | Gay rights now! | 还我同志权利 |
[42:15] | Gay rights now! | 还我同志权利 |
[42:16] | Gay rights now! Gay rights now! | 还我同志权利 还我同志权利 |
[42:17] | Gay rights now! Gay rights now! | 还我同志权利 还我同志权利 |
[42:21] | Gay rights now! Gay rights now! | 还我同志权利 还我同志权利 |
[42:24] | Gay rights now! Gay rights now! | 还我同志权利 还我同志权利 |
[42:27] | Gay rights now! Gay rights now! | 还我同志权利 还我同志权利 |
[42:31] | Gay rights now! Gay rights now! | 还我同志权利 还我同志权利 |
[42:49] | My name is Harvey Milk and l want to recruit you. | 我是哈维・米尔克 我要召集你们 |
[42:54] | I am here tonight to say | 今夜我在此声明 |
[42:58] | that we will no longer sit quietly in the closet. | 我们将不再隐瞒自己的性取向 |
[43:03] | We must fight. | 我们必须反抗 |
[43:05] | And not only in the Castro, | 不仅仅在卡斯特罗 |
[43:08] | not only in San Francisco, | 也不仅仅局限于旧金山 |
[43:11] | but everywhere the Anitas go. | 所有安妮塔主义散播之处 我们都要抗击 |
[43:16] | Anita Bryant did not win tonight. | 今晚安妮塔・布莱恩特不是赢家 |
[43:19] | Anita Bryant brought us together! | 她把我们团结到了一起 |
[43:25] | She is going to create a national gay force! | 她促使了全国同志力量的崛起 |
[43:36] | And the young people in Jackson, Mississippi, | 生活在密西西比的杰森市 |
[43:42] | in Minnesota, in the Richmond, | 生活在明尼苏达和里士满 |
[43:47] | in Woodmere, New York, | 还有纽约伍德米尔的年轻人们 |
[43:50] | who are hearing her on television, | 那些在电视上听到她危言耸听的年轻人们 |
[43:55] | hearing Anita Bryant on television, | 听到安妮塔・布赖恩特在电视上 |
[43:59] | telling them they are sick, they are wrong, | 宣称他们的行为是病态 是罪恶的 |
[44:04] | there is no place in this great country for them, | 在这个强大的国家里 在这个世界上 |
[44:08] | no place in this world, | 都没有他们的容身之地 |
[44:11] | they are looking to us for something tonight. | 他们今晚即可从我这得到答案 |
[44:16] | And I say | 我要说的是 |
[44:18] | we have got to give them hope! | 我们必须为他们缔造希望 |
[44:24] | Hope! | 希望 |
[44:25] | …for a better world. Hope for a better tomorrow. | 创建美好世界 开拓美好未来的希望 |
[44:30] | Hope for a better place to come into | 要摆脱家庭高压的人们 |
[44:32] | if the pressures at home are too great. | 提供容身之所的希望 |
[44:33] | Hope for the worker | 给那些美国梦初醒 |
[44:35] | who awakens from the American dream | 惟有沉浸于 |
[44:37] | only to find that all the jobs have left the country. | 失业惶恐中的工人们希望 |
[44:40] | We’ve got to give them hope. | 我们必须为他们点燃希望的火种 |
[44:55] | When San Francisco changed its voting rules, | 旧金山选举规则的修改 |
[44:59] | so that people could elect people | 使得人们可以投票给 |
[45:00] | from their own neighborhood, | 他们社区的候选人 |
[45:02] | so that the blacks could elect | 所以黑人可以选 |
[45:03] | a African-American supervisor, | 非裔美国人当参事 |
[45:06] | and in Chinatown, they could elect a Chinese supervisor, | 在唐人街 他们可以选中国参事 |
[45:09] | and in the Castro, | 而在卡斯特罗 |
[45:10] | they could choose between myself and Rick Stokes. | 人们可以在我和里克・斯托克之间选择 |
[45:14] | But decent art begs balance, right? | 但高雅艺术追求平衡美感 对吧 |
[45:16] | So, little district eight, two miles south of the Castro, | 所以在卡斯特罗向南两公里 小小的第8区 |
[45:19] | still very much the same. | 也是如此 |
[45:21] | Irish Catholic, conservative. | 爱尔兰天主教徒 保守派 |
[45:23] | And with just the right amount of poetry, | 怀着几分诗意 |
[45:25] | they found themselves a handsome ex-cop. | 选出一位英俊的前警察 |
[45:29] | See, I’m not going to be forced out of San Francisco | 我会坚守在旧金山 |
[45:31] | by splinter groups of social radicals, social deviants, | 不会被那些微不足道的社会激进派 社会中的偏异者 |
[45:35] | and incorrigibles. | 及不可救药之人赶走 |
[45:37] | Now you must realize that | 现在你肯定发现了 |
[45:38] | there are thousands upon thousands | 成千上万沮丧愤怒的人们 |
[45:40] | of frustrated,angry people, such as yourselves, | 比如说你自己 |
[45:43] | just waiting to unleash a fury that will eradicate | 已经迫不及待释放愤怒 |
[45:47] | the malignancies that blight our beautiful city. | 来根除破坏我们美丽城市的毒瘤 |
[45:53] | Just one more. We can’t let Rick Stokes take this one. | 这是最后一搏 不能让里克・斯托克获胜 |
[45:56] | Let Rick Stokes take it. | 就让里克・斯托克获胜吧 |
[46:06] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[46:10] | I can’t do another one. | 我受够了 |
[46:56] | Oh, God damn it. | 该死的 |
[47:22] | Bring out the old, bring in the new. | 撤掉旧海报 换上新的 |
[47:24] | This is over. Done. | 这已经结束 过去了 |
[47:26] | I don’t want to see one more thing | 我不想再看到 |
[47:28] | that says fucking Assembly on it. | 上面写着他妈的”议会”俩字的东西 |
[47:29] | Cause this three time faggot loser | 因为我这个失败了三次的同志 |
[47:32] | is running for supervisor. | 要竞选的职位是参事 |
[47:34] | – There she is. – Who the heck is that? | -她来了 -见鬼 她是谁 |
[47:36] | That’s our new campaign manager. | 她是我们的新竞选经理 |
[47:39] | She called last week to volunteer and I asked for her help. | 她上周给义工打电话 我便请她帮忙 |
[47:42] | Help or take over? What about Scott? | 帮忙还是取代 司高特怎么了 |
[47:44] | We need new blood. | 我们需要新鲜血液 |
[47:46] | Gentlemen, Anne Kronenberg. A woman. | 先生们 这是安妮・柯伦伯格 一位女成员 |
[47:50] | A woman who likes women. And that’s odd, isn’t it? | 一位女同志 这很奇怪 是吧 |
[47:54] | Hi, guys. | 你们好 |
[47:55] | Mr. Milk, Rick Stokes isn’t pulling out. | 米尔克先生 里克・斯托克没打算退出 |
[47:59] | He’s officially filed to run against you. | 他正式起草了和你竞选的声明 |
[48:01] | My friend at The Advocate says | 我在《拥护》工作的朋友说 |
[48:03] | David Goodstein is backing him. | 大卫・古斯丁是他的背后支持者 |
[48:05] | So, a gay candidate against a gay candidate. | 这是场同志候选人之间的战争 |
[48:07] | That’s unfortunate. | 太不幸了 |
[48:09] | Let’s find out when they are going to announce. | 先查明他们什么时候发表声明 |
[48:10] | So you replaced Scott with a lesbian? | 你用一名女同志替代了司高特 |
[48:12] | Anne worked on a recycling campaign up north. | 安妮曾在北部地区致力于回收行动 |
[48:14] | She’s very, very organized. We need that. | 她做事非常有条理 这正是我们需要的 |
[48:17] | How do you know she’s not a plant for Rick Stokes? | 你怎么知道她不是里克・斯托克派来的间谍 |
[48:19] | Are you guys always this paranoid? | 你们总是这么多疑吗 |
[48:21] | Yes. We take after Harvey. | 是的 我们跟哈维学的 |
[48:24] | Don’t you have someone’s laundry to do? | 你不是要帮别人洗衣服吗 |
[48:26] | Shouldn’t you be at a hairdressing convention? | 你不是和理发师预约了吗 |
[48:29] | Sir, my girlfriends say you guys don’t like women. | 先生们 我女友说你们讨厌女人 |
[48:32] | I’m just asking. | 我只想问一句 |
[48:33] | Is there a place for us in all this | 我们能和平共处吗 |
[48:35] | or are you all scared of girls? | 还是你们都怕女人 |
[48:40] | Okay, gentlemen, | 好了 先生们 |
[48:41] | we’ve already got a tinker bell, a lotus blossom. | 我们已经有了仙女小叮当和一位夫子 |
[48:44] | We’ve got Jim and Dick in their three-piece suits. | 我们还让吉姆和狄克都穿上了三件套的西装 |
[48:45] | We need someone to manage things. A woman this time. | 我们需要个管事的人 不过这次是个女人 |
[48:51] | Plus, she’s the right price, | 补充一句 她的薪酬要求很合理 |
[48:53] | and she’s got bigger balls than anybody else in here. | 而且她比这里任何人都能干 |
[48:55] | Just give me whatever is in the register | 今天给我所有 |
[48:57] | at the end of the day. | 登记册上的信息 |
[48:58] | So should I call The Chronicle | 我该打电话去《旧金山时报》 |
[49:00] | about getting us an actual endorsement this time? | 打个竞选广告吗 |
[49:03] | No? | 不要吗 |
[49:05] | Yeah, call The Chronicle, sweetheart. Tell them I said hi. | 要 打电话给《旧金山时报》 宝贝 代我问声好 |
[49:08] | Please call. In fact, don’t drive down there. | 请打电话 但不要开摩托车去那里 |
[49:10] | You’ll scare the shit out of them. | 你会吓坏他们的 |
[49:14] | Call. | 打吧 |
[49:16] | All right. | 好的 |
[49:17] | Hi, I’m Cleve. | 你好 我是克里夫 |
[49:18] | Anne. Good to meet you. | 安妮 很高兴认识你 |
[49:20] | I was telling Harvey | 我之前告诉过哈维 |
[49:21] | we needed some tough dykes around here, so… | 我们这需要个强硬的女同志 所以… |
[49:23] | Well, you got one. | 那么 你如愿以偿了 |
[49:53] | 支持丹・怀特竞选旧金山参事 | |
[50:14] | All right. | 搞定了 |
[50:15] | First ever newspaper endorsement. | 前所未有的报纸宣传 |
[50:19] | And we got the Bay Guardian, | 我们取得了《海湾卫报》 |
[50:21] | The Sentinel and The Bay Area Reporter. | 《哨兵》 还有《海湾报道》的支持 |
[50:27] | You are pulling your weight. Oh, this is sensational! | 你真是所向披靡 这太令人兴奋了 |
[50:33] | They endorsed you for being a good businessman? | 他们称赞你是个优秀的商人 |
[50:36] | Oh, my gosh, you really are a miracle worker. | 天啊 你真是个非凡的同事 |
[50:39] | Scott has got to read this. He’s just gonna piss himself. | 一定得让司高特看看这个 他一定会乐疯了 |
[50:41] | Yeah, you should show him. | 没错 你该拿给他瞧瞧 |
[50:44] | You know what you should do, Cleve, | 克里夫 你知道你该干嘛吗 |
[50:45] | you should get yourself a boy to celebrate with, | 假如我们赢了 |
[50:47] | just in case we win. | 你该找个男孩庆祝一下 |
[50:49] | Anybody want to buy me a drink? | 有人愿意请我喝一杯吗 |
[50:50] | Oh, I will buy you a drink. | 我愿意 |
[50:52] | How about a bottle of champagne? | 来瓶香槟怎么样 |
[50:55] | We are going to The Stud right fucking now. | 我们现在就去种马俱乐部找乐子 |
[50:58] | Harvey, are you going to come? You’re gonna miss out? | 哈维 你来吗 你要错失良机 |
[51:00] | Go, go, go, go. I want to be with my newspaper. | 去吧 去吧 我只想安静的看报纸 |
[51:06] | Come on, let’s go. Come on, I’m buying. | 来吧 我们走 快来 我请客 |
[51:08] | You’re not buying. You don’t have any money. | 你请不了 你又没钱 |
[51:19] | Gonna win this time, Milk? | 这次会赢吗 米尔克 |
[52:00] | You look more handsome in the poster. | 海报上你看起来更帅 |
[52:03] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[52:07] | You know, palominos are my favorite horse. | 我最喜欢帕洛米诺马 |
[52:11] | They’re smart. | 他们很机灵 |
[52:14] | But they’re compact and fast. | 体型小巧且跑的快 |
[52:16] | I like that. | 我就喜欢这样子 |
[52:21] | You think I’m more like a palomino, | 你觉得我像帕洛米诺马 |
[52:27] | or a stallion? | 还是像种马 |
[52:30] | You know, with big balls and… | 有着大大的眼睛还有… |
[52:32] | Oh, oh, oh, oh! Here, let me help you. | 来 我来扶你吧 |
[52:38] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[52:40] | – Yeah, it’s… – Come in. | -我没事 只是… -进来吧 |
[52:42] | Here, just lean on me. | 来吧 靠在我肩上 |
[52:45] | – Thank you. – What happened? | -谢谢 -怎么啦 |
[52:46] | I don’t know, these boots are too big for me. | 不知道 这靴子太大了 |
[52:49] | Oh, well, let’s get you in and get those off your feet. | 好吧 进来我帮你脱下来 |
[52:53] | Where you going? | 你想往哪跑 |
[52:55] | I have some things to do. | 我有点事 |
[52:57] | – I got to go and meet some friends. – No, no, no. | -我得走了去见几个朋友 -不 不 不 |
[53:11] | My father beat me when he found out. | 我父亲发现我是同性恋后就打我 |
[53:13] | So, that’s why I came here. | 这就是我来这儿的原因 |
[53:17] | But, I’m living with this guy that… I don’t know. | 但是 我现在和一个人同居…我不知道 |
[53:24] | I don’t like him. | 我不喜欢他 |
[53:29] | Nobody will ever beat you again. | 没人会再打你 |
[53:36] | I love you. I love you. | 我爱你 我爱你 |
[53:40] | Do you even remember my name? | 你还记得我的名字吗 |
[53:48] | No. | 不记得了 |
[53:49] | Harvey. | 哈维 |
[53:52] | I’m Harvey. | 我叫哈维 |
[53:54] | Harvey, I love you. | 哈维 我爱你 |
[54:07] | 区议会选举 1977年11月7日 | |
[54:08] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[54:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[54:22] | For the first time, it all came together. | 第一次 所有人都聚到了一起 |
[54:24] | The union boys, women, the seniors, | 社团里的学生们 女人们 老年人们 |
[54:28] | the gays and minorities. | 同志们还有少数民族 |
[54:30] | All of the “us’s” showed up. | 所有属于我们的人都来了 |
[54:33] | We can hear it, we can’t really see too much, | 虽然看不太清 但我们能听到 |
[54:35] | but it looks and sounds to you and to me | 对人们来说 这种场面 |
[54:37] | like New Year’s Eve on Market Street. | 就像是新年前夕的商业街 |
[54:44] | We did it! | 我们成功了 |
[54:46] | I love you all! | 我爱你们所有人 |
[55:04] | We are the movement. | 我们组成了运动团体 |
[55:05] | We are the movement. | 我们组成了运动团体 |
[55:07] | Thank you so much. | 非常感谢你们 |
[55:09] | Come on, we just want to congratulate him. | 拜托 我们只想去恭喜他 |
[55:10] | No, I understand, but right now we’re all full. | 不行 我理解 但现在已经人满为患 |
[55:17] | Harvey! | 哈维 |
[55:19] | Harvey! Harvey! | 哈维 哈维 |
[55:20] | Hey, Harvey! | 哈维 |
[55:25] | Sorry, it’s just so crowded. | 抱歉 这实在太挤了 |
[55:28] | Come in, sorry, sorry. | 快进来 抱歉 抱歉 |
[55:31] | It’s so crowded. It’s just so crowded. | 人太多了 太挤了 |
[55:34] | Harvey, man! | 哈维 老兄 |
[55:41] | Scotty! | 司高特 |
[55:44] | Is this all for you, Harvey? Are you this famous, baby? | 这都是为了你 哈维 你这么出名吗 宝贝 |
[55:47] | No, we do this all the time. You like it? | 不 我们经常这样聚会 你喜欢吗 |
[55:49] | Yeah. | 喜欢 |
[55:50] | The new Mrs. Milk. I give it a week. | 我打赌新任米尔克夫人只能持续一星期 |
[55:54] | Gordon Lau, Carol Ruth Silver. | 戈登・刘 还有卡罗尔・露丝・西尔弗 |
[55:56] | It’s the most liberal board in years. In history! | 这是近年来也是历史上最开明的委员会 |
[55:58] | What about Dan White? Did he win? | 丹・怀特呢 他胜出没有 |
[56:00] | We’ll deal with him tomorrow. | 明天再谈他的事 |
[56:15] | Does this mean, as many straights are concerned, | 正如异性恋人们所关心的 是否意味着 |
[56:18] | maybe the gays are taking over San Francisco? | 同志们接管了旧金山 |
[56:21] | Are you going to be a supervisor for all the people? | 你会成为所有人的参事吗 |
[56:24] | Well, I have to be. That’s what I was elected for. | 我必须如此 这是我当选的目的 |
[56:26] | I have to be there to open for the dialogue, | 开诚布公地面对面讨论 |
[56:29] | for the sensitivities of all people and all their problems. | 面对所有人的敏感问题 |
[56:32] | The problems that affect this city, affect us all. | 特别是影响整个城市和全体市民的问题 |
[56:36] | Okay, well, congratulations. | 好吧 恭喜你 |
[56:37] | Thank you. Thank you, San Francisco! | 谢谢 谢谢你 旧金山 |
[56:42] | And that’s Harvey Milk,celebrating his election | 这就是哈维・米尔克 正在庆祝 |
[56:44] | to the San Francisco Board of Supervisors. | 他当选旧金山参事 |
[56:46] | For Channel Five news, I’m Mary Dilts. | 第5频道新闻 玛丽・迪尔兹报道 |
[56:51] | I, Harvey Milk, do solemnly swear… | 我哈维・米尔克庄严宣誓… |
[56:53] | I, Harvey Milk, do solemnly swear… | 我哈维・米尔克庄严宣誓… |
[56:55] | That I will support and defend | 我会支持和维护 |
[56:57] | the Constitution of the United States… | 美国宪法… |
[56:59] | That I will support and defend | 我会支持和维护 |
[57:01] | the Constitution of the United States… | 美国宪法… |
[57:02] | During such time as I hold the office of supervisor, | 在我荣任旧金山城镇 |
[57:06] | City and County of San Francisco. | 参事期间 |
[57:09] | During such time as l hold the office of supervisor, | 在我荣任旧金山城镇 |
[57:12] | City and County of San Francisco. | 参事期间 |
[57:15] | – Congratulations, Harvey. – Thank you, Mayor. | -恭喜你 哈维 -谢谢 市长先生 |
[57:18] | 参事就职仪式 1978年1月9日 | |
[57:21] | Anita Bryant said that it was gay people | 安妮塔・布赖恩特曾说是同性恋 |
[57:23] | that brought the drought to California. | 导致了加利福尼亚干旱 |
[57:26] | Well, it looks to me as though it’s finally started raining. | 但我看来正是我们带来了这场久违的雨 |
[57:31] | This will be the first time in many years that we’ve seen | 多年来 我们首次在监事会看到 |
[57:33] | so many new faces on the Board of Supervisors. | 这么多新鲜面孔 |
[57:36] | Do you think such diversity will cripple the board? | 你们认为这种多样性会削弱监事会吗 |
[57:39] | Well, the name of the game | 比赛规则是 |
[57:40] | is six votes to get anything passed. | 六票通过制 |
[57:42] | So, whether you like it or not, | 所以 不管你喜欢与否 |
[57:44] | Dan and I are in bed together. | 丹和我同床共枕 |
[57:46] | Politically speaking. | 从政治上讲 |
[57:48] | You see, I’ve assured Harvey here that, uh, | 在这里 我向哈维郑重宣告 |
[57:50] | my brochure’s comments about social deviants | 我的宣传手册上所指的社会中的偏异者 |
[57:53] | referred more to junkies than to his people. | 是那些瘾君子而不是同性恋 |
[57:56] | See, I’m about to have my first child | 我的第一个孩子将要出生了 |
[57:58] | and I had to make sure that | 我必须确保 |
[58:00] | this city remains a decent place to raise him. | 这个城市维持适于他成长的良好环境 |
[58:03] | Thank you so much for coming on the show, gentlemen, | 先生们 非常感谢你们参加这次访谈 |
[58:06] | and we’ll see what happens. | 期待你们今后有所作为 |
[58:08] | That’s it? It’s over? We’re finished? | 就这样 结束了 我们完成任务了 |
[58:09] | Yes. | 是的 |
[58:10] | That was quick. Thank you. | 真快 谢谢 |
[58:13] | How long were you a fireman, Dan? | 你当了多久消防员 丹 |
[58:14] | A couple of years. | 几年 |
[58:16] | And you were a police officer before that? | 你在那之前是警察吗 |
[58:18] | You got something against cops, Harv? | 你对警察有什么意见吗 哈维 |
[58:20] | No, no. They tend to against me though. | 不 没有 尽管他们看我不顺眼 |
[58:22] | But firefighters, they’re the true heroes. | 但消防员们是真正的英雄 |
[58:25] | They supported me on my last campaign. | 他们曾支持过我最后的一场竞选活动 |
[58:26] | I fully support them. | 我也很支持他们 |
[58:27] | I appreciate that. | 非常感谢 |
[58:29] | I meant what I said. I’d like to work together. | 我的话都是真心的 我愿意与你合作 |
[58:31] | Me, too. I’ll see you later. | 我也是 一会儿见 |
[58:33] | Okay. | 好的 |
[58:47] | Oh. What do you think of my new theater? | 你觉得这个新剧院怎么样 |
[58:51] | A bit over the top. | 无与伦比 |
[58:54] | You’re wearing a suit? | 你穿西装了 |
[58:56] | I got it from a friend. | 我借朋友的 |
[58:58] | No, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 不 |
[58:59] | Anytime you come here, | 无论你何时来 |
[59:00] | I want you to wear the tightest jeans possible. | 我都希望你穿最紧身的牛仔裤来 |
[59:03] | Never blend in. And never take the elevator. | 无需配合这的环境 也不要乘电梯 |
[59:06] | Always use the stairs. | 永远都走楼梯 |
[59:07] | You can make such a grand entrance | 拾级而上 |
[59:10] | by taking these stairs. | 来到大厅门口 |
[59:12] | Hello. | 你好 |
[59:14] | Carol, friend. | 卡罗尔 我们的朋友 |
[59:17] | Dan White. | 丹・怀特 |
[59:21] | Hello, Dianne. | 你好 丹尼 |
[59:24] | And then this is Gordon Lau’s office. | 这是戈登・刘的办公室 |
[59:26] | Anne, can you set Cleve up on mail? | 安妮 你能帮克里夫设置个邮箱帐户吗 |
[59:28] | Will do. | 好的 |
[59:31] | Okay, | 好了 |
[59:32] | first order of business to come out of this office | 我们出台的第一项政策 |
[59:34] | is a citywide Gay Rights Ordinance, | 一项全市性的同志人权法案 |
[59:36] | just like the one that Anita shot down in Dade County. | 就像安妮塔在戴德郡废除的那个 |
[59:39] | What do you think, Lotus Blossom? | 你觉得怎么样 夫子 |
[59:40] | I think it’s good. It’s not great. | 我认为不错 但不够好 |
[59:42] | Okay, so make it brilliant. | 那么来包装一下 |
[59:43] | We want Anita’s attention here in San Francisco. | 我们想让安妮塔把注意力放到旧金山 |
[59:46] | I want her to bring her fight to us. | 直接与我们对抗 |
[59:49] | We need a unanimous vote, we need headlines. | 我们需要一致通过 上新闻头条 |
[59:52] | Dan White is not gonna vote for this. | 丹・怀特是不会投赞同票的 |
[59:53] | Dan White will be fine. | 无需担心丹・怀特 |
[59:55] | Dan White is just uneducated. We’ll teach him. | 丹・怀特不过有些无知 我们可以教导他 |
[59:57] | Hey, Harv, committee meets at 9:30. | 哈维 9点半开委员会 |
[1:00:00] | Hey, you guys. | 大家好 |
[1:00:01] | Say, did you get the invitation to my son’s christening? | 你收到我儿子授洗仪式的请帖了吧 |
[1:00:04] | I invited a few of the other Supes, too. | 我也邀请了其他几参事 |
[1:00:06] | Oh, I’ll be there. | 我会去的 |
[1:00:08] | Great! Thanks. | 太好了 谢谢 |
[1:00:11] | Did he hear you? What the fuck! | 他听进你的话了吗 都他妈什么啊 |
[1:00:13] | Are you going? | 你真要去 |
[1:00:15] | I would let him christen me | 如果他肯支持同志人权法案 |
[1:00:16] | if it means he’s gonna vote for the Gay Rights Ordinance. | 我甚至可以让他给我施洗 |
[1:00:18] | We need allies. We need everyone. | 我们需要同盟 需要所有人的支持 |
[1:00:21] | I don’t think he heard you. | 我认为他不会理解你 |
[1:00:23] | Is it just me or is he cute? | 只有我同意吗 还是他太可爱了 |
[1:00:47] | Jack? | 杰克 |
[1:00:49] | Welcome home, Harvey. I hope you’re hungry. | 欢迎回家 哈维 你一定饿了吧 |
[1:00:53] | I just know how to cook one thing, but I make it good. | 虽然我只会做一个菜 但我做的很好 |
[1:00:57] | Come. | 快来尝尝 |
[1:00:59] | Jack, did you break in? | 杰克 你破门而入 |
[1:01:01] | No, no, no. I asked the little boy downstairs to let me in. | 不 不 不 我让楼下的小男孩给我开门 |
[1:01:04] | – Danny? – Yeah. | -丹尼 -对 |