英文名称:McFarland
年代:2015
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:23] | 1987年8月21日 爱达荷州波夕 | |
[00:26] | He’s just sitting there, man. You can run around the edge! | 他就坐在那里 伙计 你可以跑一圈 |
[00:28] | – I know, right. – That’s what… | -我知道 -那是什么… |
[00:29] | All right, guys. | 好了 各位 |
[00:31] | – It wasn’t my fault. – Yeah. | -这不是我的错 -是的 |
[00:32] | Hey! | 注意 |
[00:35] | We just set a record. It’s not a good one. | 我们刚缔造不好的纪录 |
[00:39] | The most points ever scored against this school, and it’s halftime. | 本校队史半场最高输分 |
[00:44] | You think that’s funny, Mitchell? | 好笑吗 米契 |
[00:45] | No, sir. | 没有 教练 |
[00:46] | Well, then why are you laughing? | 那你为什么笑 |
[00:49] | You’re our captain, elected by these guys. | 你是队友选出的队长 |
[00:51] | Our only senior. | 只有你是高年级生 |
[00:52] | The time for you to make an impression was in practice this week. | 这星期你该让人刮目相看了 |
[00:56] | On the field tonight. Not now. | 在今晚的球场 不是现在 |
[00:57] | And certainly not on the sidelines, | 也绝不是在球场边… |
[00:59] | planning a party at your parents’ house | 计划在家开派对的事 |
[01:01] | because you know they’re gone this weekend. | 因为你知道这周末父母不在家时 |
[01:04] | Pick it up. | 捡起来 |
[01:08] | Brandon, come here. | 布兰登 过来 |
[01:11] | Come here. Yeah, you. | 对 叫你过来 |
[01:13] | I said pick it up. | 叫你捡起来 |
[01:22] | Now hand it to him. | 现在交给他 |
[01:32] | Now, we have about five minutes before we have to go out there, | 大概五分钟后就得上场… |
[01:35] | in front of everybody who’s come here to support us tonight. | 面对今晚来支持我们的球迷 |
[01:37] | The question is, what’s gonna happen to you now, | 问题是你会怎么去做现在 |
[01:39] | when you have to go out there, | 当你必须得上场时 |
[01:40] | and everybody thinks that you’re gonna lay down. | 大家却看衰你时你会怎样 |
[01:42] | Bull…! | 胡扯… |
[01:45] | Get out. | 出去 |
[01:46] | Me? I didn’t say anything. | 我吗 我什么都没说 |
[01:50] | I said get out. | 叫你出去 |
[01:55] | Are you kidding me? | 不会吧 |
[01:57] | Come here, let me take a look at that. | 过来 让我看看伤势 |
[03:39] | Dad, please tell me that you took the wrong exit. | 爸 拜托告诉我 你下错交流道 |
[03:56] | Are we in Mexico? | 这里是墨西哥吗 |
[04:00] | No. | 不是 |
[04:23] | Shall we go take a look, folks? | 下车看看吧 孩子们 |
[04:26] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[04:37] | Is this really the place? | 这就是新家吗 |
[04:50] | Wow. | 天啊 |
[04:56] | Who’s she? | 她是谁 |
[04:59] | Paint store. | 油漆行 |
[05:01] | First thing tomorrow. | 明天第一件事 |
[05:02] | Assuming there is one. | 如果有油漆行的话 |
[05:05] | Julie. | 茱莉 |
[05:06] | What? | 什么 |
[05:07] | Let’s go find your room, girls. | 去决定你们的房间 |
[05:09] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[05:30] | This place is a dump. | 这间房子真烂 |
[05:32] | Like you care. You’ll be at college soon. | 你在乎什么 反正你很快会上大学 |
[05:34] | I’m the one who’s gotta live here. | 要住在这里的是我 |
[05:39] | I think we’re all tired, guys. | 我们都累了 |
[05:42] | Why don’t we go find something to eat, okay? | 去填饱肚子 好吗 |
[05:45] | Sounds great. | 太好了 |
[05:46] | They gotta have a restaurant, right? | 这里会有餐厅吧 |
[06:04] | Hi. | 你好 |
[06:05] | Hello. How are you? | -你好吗 -很好 |
[06:07] | Good. | 很好 |
[06:09] | We got tacos, tortas, burritos, tostadas and quesadillas. | 我们有玉米饼 脆饼 卷饼 炸玉米饼和烤饼 |
[06:15] | You got burgers? | 有汉堡吗 |
[06:16] | No, we got tacos, tortas, tostadas, burritos, and quesadillas. | 没有 只有玉米饼 脆饼 炸玉米饼 卷饼和烤饼 |
[06:21] | Tacos. We’ll take the tacos, thank you. | 玉米饼 我们要玉米饼 谢谢 |
[06:23] | Okay. What kind of meat do you want? | 好 你们要哪种肉 |
[06:25] | Asada, al pastor, chorizo, cabeza, lengua, jamon? | 牛肉 腌猪肉 猪肉香肠 牛头肉 牛舌 火腿 |
[06:32] | I’ll bring you a selection. | 我给你们总汇好了 |
[06:34] | You can sit wherever you want. | 请随便坐 |
[06:38] | Here? | 坐这里 |
[06:51] | I want to watch The Brady Bunch. | 我想看 The Brady Bunch[脱线家族] |
[06:52] | Yeah. How about it? | 好 怎么样 |
[07:07] | All right, everybody, just stay with me. | 大家别走散 |
[07:11] | Dad? – Just… | -爸 -听话… |
[07:12] | Come on, man. Don’t be scared, mija. | 别这样 先生 别害怕 小女孩 |
[07:14] | Hey, that’s enough. | 够了 |
[07:30] | Hold on. | 抓紧 |
[07:35] | Dad! | 爸 |
[07:44] | You know what, we’re not staying. | 我们不住了 |
[07:47] | First thing Monday morning, we’re out of here. | 星期一一早就离开 |
[07:49] | – Jim. – No, we’re not staying here, all right? | -吉姆 -别说了 |
[07:50] | I’m not having you and the girls stay here. | 我不会让你和女儿们住在这里 |
[07:53] | I’ll find something else. | 我会找新工作 |
[07:54] | How? | 怎么找 |
[07:55] | I don’t remember there being a whole lot more options. | 我记得没有很多工作机会吧 |
[07:58] | We’ll move to Bakersfield. All right? I’ll commute. | 我们搬到贝克斯菲 我会通勤 |
[08:00] | We cannot afford Bakersfield. | 我们负担不起贝克斯菲 |
[08:03] | Okay. Look at us. | 看看我们 |
[08:04] | We’re living on a teacher’s salary. | 只靠老师薪水维生 |
[08:05] | If you’d just… | 你只要… |
[08:09] | If we had just stayed somewhere longer, I don’t know, | 我们只要在某个地方长住… |
[08:12] | built up some tenure, then it would be different. | 累积年资 情况也许会改观 |
[08:22] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[08:26] | Babe, you said it yourself. | 宝贝 你自己说过 |
[08:29] | This is the only job you could get. | 你只能找到教书的工作 |
[08:32] | – Yeah. – Right? | -对 -对吗 |
[08:34] | And our girls, they start that school on Monday. | 女儿们星期一要开始上学 |
[08:39] | We just gotta make it work. | 只好咬牙撑过去 |
[08:41] | We don’t have a choice. | 我们别无选择 |
[08:45] | Right? | 对吗 |
[08:53] | I’m so sorry. | 对不起 |
[08:59] | Jamie, hon, you’re gonna do it. | 洁美 你得上新学校 快点 |
[09:01] | Come on, hon. | 麦克法兰高中 |
[09:03] | Please don’t make me! | 拜托别逼我 |
[09:04] | I know. I know it’s hard. | 我知道很难 |
[09:06] | Please don’t make me! | 求你别逼我 |
[09:07] | I know it’s hard, but you gotta do it, okay? | 我知道很难 但你得上学 好吗 |
[09:12] | Please, Julie, help me. | 茱莉 请帮帮我 |
[09:22] | Hi. | 你好 |
[09:23] | I’m here to meet with Principal Camillo. I’m Jim. | 我来找卡米洛校长 我是吉姆 |
[09:26] | Jim, the new life science guy. | 吉姆 新生命科学老师 |
[09:28] | And PE coach, and football. | 兼任体育老师和美足教练 |
[09:30] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[09:31] | Maria Marsol. How was the drive in? | 玛莉亚马索 有塞车吗 |
[09:33] | You like living in Bakersfield? | 喜欢住在贝克斯菲吗 |
[09:36] | Bakersfield? No. We’re… | 贝克斯菲 你误会了 |
[09:39] | We’re here in McFarland. | 我们住在麦克法兰 |
[09:41] | Well, look at you. | 看看你 |
[09:45] | A little help, please? | 麻烦捡一下 |
[09:49] | Certainly don’t want a fire in this place. | 学校绝对不想发生火灾 可能造成… |
[09:50] | It could cost tens of dollars’ worth of damage, right? | 几十元的损失 对吗 |
[09:54] | This is your last chance, son. | 这是你最后的机会 孩子 |
[09:57] | Make the most of it. | 好好努力 |
[10:03] | Jim White? | 吉姆怀特吗 |
[10:05] | Principal Camillo. How are you? | 卡米洛校长 你好吗 |
[10:07] | Decaffeinated. Come on. | 咖啡因太低 进来 |
[10:09] | I’m supposed to bleed a rock with the budget, | 我应该用预算 完成学校各项开销… |
[10:11] | handle the kids and their petty vendettas, and quit smoking. | 处理学生无意义的打架 还有戒烟 |
[10:14] | Who am I, Superman? | 我是谁 超人吗 |
[10:18] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[10:20] | Some kid called his little sister a… | 有个学生骂他的妹妹是… |
[10:23] | I’m not gonna repeat what he said, | 我不会重复他说的话… |
[10:26] | but it explains why she’s pregnant. | 那倒能解释她怀孕的原因 |
[10:29] | Sit down. Welcome to McFarland. | 请坐 欢迎来到麦克法兰 |
[10:32] | You know, I was surprised that a man like you would want to come here. | 没想到你这种资历的人 愿意来这种学校 |
[10:38] | But then I read your file. | 但后来我读过你的档案 |
[10:41] | Up in Saint Paul, you were fired for verbally abusing your players. | 你用脏话骂球员 遭到圣保罗高中开除 |
[10:44] | I don’t use profanity. | 我没駡脏话 |
[10:45] | I was just trying to motivate some boys | 我只是想激励几个 |
[10:47] | who didn’t know the value of hard work. | 不懂努力价值的球员 |
[10:48] | And a fight with the chairman of the school board? | 还有和校董会主席大打出手 |
[10:52] | Difference of opinion. | 意见不合 |
[10:55] | And this latest incident. You wanna tell me about that? | 还有最近这件事 你要解释一下吗 |
[10:59] | I lost my temper. It should never have happened. | 我绝不会再暴怒了 |
[11:02] | What are the chances of it happening again? | 再暴怒的机率是多少 |
[11:04] | It’s not gonna happen again. | 下不为例 |
[11:05] | Pleased to hear it. | 太好了 |
[11:06] | Because you’re running out of options, Mr. White. | 因为你已经走投无路 怀特先生 |
[11:09] | Come in, Coach. | 进来 教练 |
[11:10] | Coach White, Coach Jenks. | 怀特教练 詹斯教练 |
[11:12] | This is your new overqualified assistant. | 这是你大材小用的新助理 |
[11:15] | That right? | 是吗 |
[11:16] | The name’s “White”? | 你姓”怀特”吗 |
[11:18] | Yep. | 对 |
[11:19] | Wow. | 还真白 |
[11:23] | Berdejo. | 柏戴乔 |
[11:28] | Cardenas. Denas? | 卡迪纳斯 迪纳斯 |
[11:31] | It’s “Cardenas.” | 是”卡登纳斯” |
[11:34] | Diaz. | 狄亚兹 |
[11:36] | Diaz. | 狄亚兹 |
[11:40] | Diaz. | 狄亚兹 |
[11:42] | It’s a popular name where you guys come from? | 那是墨西哥的菜市场名吗 |
[11:48] | We gotta go. | 我们要走了 |
[11:50] | Hold on, class isn’t dismissed. | 等等 还没下课 |
[11:52] | We gotta go, really. It’s our mom. | 真的要走了 我妈在叫我们 |
[11:55] | Tell your mother she can wait. | 叫你妈妈等一下 |
[11:58] | You tell her. | 你去和她说 |
[12:05] | Hey, White. | 怀特 |
[12:06] | Is that a popular name where you come from? | 那是你家乡的菜市场名吗 |
[12:11] | – Mr… – Puentes. | -你是…-普特斯 |
[12:13] | Victor. | 维多 |
[12:17] | Mr. Puentes, regular PE class. What do you normally do? | 普特斯同学 平常体育课做什么活动 |
[12:22] | – Nothing. – Nothing? | -没什么 -没什么 |
[12:23] | Come on, homes. You really wanna mess this up? | 拜托 老乡 你真想毁掉这身肌肉吗 |
[12:26] | You wanna get this all sweaty? | 你要让我满身大汗吗 |
[12:28] | Real peacock, huh? | 真是自命不凡 |
[12:33] | All right, I’ll tell you what we’re gonna do. | 这样好了 |
[12:34] | We’re gonna… | 我们… |
[12:35] | Let’s take a lap, we’ll call it a day. | 跑操场一圈就下课 |
[12:59] | What about you? | 你怎么不跑 |
[13:02] | I’m not running, jefe. | 我不跑步 老师 |
[13:04] | I’m on the football team. | 我是美足队球员 |
[13:08] | That’s a linebacker’s number. | 那是后卫球员的球衣号码 |
[13:14] | It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, coach. | 输赢不在于体型大小 教练 |
[13:17] | It’s the size of the fight in the dog. | 而是决心 |
[13:20] | Depends on how big the dog is. | 要看对手的体型而定 |
[13:30] | Big dog. | 大块头 |
[13:34] | Huddle up! Huddle up! | 集合 集合 |
[13:36] | They aren’t really good, are they? | 他们不太强 对吗 |
[13:38] | Let’s give them a chance, hon. | 给他们机会 女儿 |
[13:40] | Maybe Dad will lose it again | 也许爸会再暴怒 |
[13:41] | and then we’ll get to move somewhere else. | 然后我们又得搬家了 |
[13:43] | Stop it. I don’t wanna hear another word. | 别说了 我不想再听这种话 |
[13:51] | Go, Johnny! | 加油 强尼 |
[14:01] | Hut! | 停 |
[14:11] | Wow. | 喔 |
[14:13] | Nothin’! | 没什么 |
[14:14] | Did you see that hit? | 你有看见吗 |
[14:20] | All right. Return. | 好 回攻 |
[14:25] | Good job, guys! | 做得好 |
[14:27] | Good hit! Good hit! | 撞得好 |
[14:30] | Nice clean hit. | 干净俐落 |
[14:32] | Johnny. Johnny. | 强尼 强尼 |
[14:35] | How many fingers am I holding up? | 告诉我有几根手指 |
[14:37] | September. | 九月 |
[14:39] | What? | 什么 |
[14:40] | Look, it’s Friday, man, okay? | 今天是星期五 好吗 |
[14:43] | Okay, special teams! | 特别组球员上场 |
[14:45] | No, no, no, no. | 不行 |
[14:46] | Sit down. No. You’re done. | 坐下 你不用上场 |
[14:50] | Hey, coach, we only got 10! | 教练 只有十个球员 |
[14:51] | We need one more! We need one more! | 还欠一个 |
[14:55] | Sameniego, get in here! | 萨亚戈 过来 |
[14:58] | No. | 不行 |
[14:59] | I mean it. Sit down. | 我是认真的 坐下 |
[15:06] | Cortez, let’s go. | 科提兹 上场 |
[15:38] | Seriously! | 真的 |
[15:40] | What time is it? | 现在几点了 |
[15:42] | I’m guessing dawn. | 我猜是天亮了 |
[15:44] | – Dad. – What? | -爸 -什么事 |
[15:46] | Wring its neck. | 把它的脖子扭断 |
[15:48] | Please. | 拜托 |
[15:52] | I will. | 我会的 |
[16:20] | Welcome to McFarland. | 欢迎来到麦克法兰 |
[16:22] | For me? | 给我的吗 |
[16:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:51] | Well, I see you kept it. | 我猜你要饲养它 |
[16:54] | Kept what? | 饲养什么 |
[16:56] | Well, knowing where you live, | 我知道你住的地方… |
[16:57] | and knowing la Señora Soto as I do, | 我和索托太太很熟 |
[17:00] | I’m thinking she offered you a chicken. | 她应该有送给你一只鸡 |
[17:03] | And since you’re in here buying feed instead of barbeque sauce, | 因为你来买饲料 而不是烤肉酱… |
[17:07] | I’m thinking you kept it. | 我猜你要饲养它 |
[17:08] | Smart move, hombre. | 聪明 先生 |
[17:10] | It shows you got manners. | 表示你有水准 |
[17:12] | Thanks, Mr… | 谢谢 你是… |
[17:13] | Sammy Rosaldo. | 山米罗萨多 |
[17:15] | Open every day on Sherwood Avenue since ’62. | 从1962年在雪雾大道 开业至今全年无休 |
[17:18] | Jim White. | 我是吉姆怀特 |
[17:21] | Cliff Avenue for about a week, | 住在克利夫大道快一星期 |
[17:22] | but it sounds like you already know that. | 但你已经知道了 |
[17:24] | I know a lot of things about McFarland. | 我知道麦克法兰很多事 |
[17:29] | Do you know anything about a plant that can make my garden look better? | 你知道有什么植物 能让我的花园更好看 |
[17:32] | You don’t need a plant. You need a tree. | 你不需要植物 你需要树 |
[17:34] | A tree? | 树 |
[17:36] | Sonia! | 桑妮亚 |
[17:39] | The way that lot faces, | 那个花园的座向… |
[17:40] | the sun’s too hot. Fries up your little verduras. | 太阳太烈 小植物会被晒死 |
[17:47] | Lucky for you, I have a little tree I can sell you. | 幸好 我有棵小树能卖你 |
[17:51] | In 5 years, señor, | 五年后 先生… |
[17:52] | you’re gonna have a nice yard with some nice shade. | 你就会有树荫乘凉的院子 |
[17:56] | Five years? | 五年 |
[18:01] | I don’t think so. | 我不会住那么久 |
[18:09] | You know, they got sodas in the store. | 杂货店有卖汽水 |
[18:11] | Water is free, White. | 水是免费的 怀特 |
[18:13] | How long have you guys been at it? | 你们做多久了 |
[18:15] | Since five. | 从五点开始 |
[18:18] | Five? | 五点 |
[18:20] | 5:00 a.m., White. | 五点AM 怀特 |
[18:23] | AM means morning, ese. | “AM”是指早上 大哥 |
[18:25] | Not the radio. | 不是广播 |
[18:27] | Hey, White. Chop and channel your Jeep, | 怀特 把吉普车的车身压低 |
[18:30] | glass finish it, crank up the bass, | 抛光打蜡 加强引擎重低音 |
[18:33] | hop up and down… You’ll fit right in. | 安装液压系统 就不会那么突兀了 |
[18:36] | Yeah, when pigs fly. Who’s the driver? | 好 除非母猪会上树 驾驶是谁 |
[18:39] | That’s Javi. | 那是哈维 |
[18:41] | Victor’s uncle. | 维多的叔叔 |
[18:42] | He just got out. | 他刚出来 |
[18:45] | Out? What do you mean “out”? | 出来 什么意思 |
[18:47] | Out. | 出狱 |
[18:49] | Victor polished that rig every day Javi was inside. | 哈维坐牢时 维多每天都擦亮那辆车 |
[18:52] | Where’s his father? | 他爸爸呢 |
[18:56] | He’s still in there. | 还在狱中 |
[19:04] | See you later, White. | 待会见 怀特 |
[19:21] | Come in. | 进来 |
[19:23] | Right, I wanna get right to this. | 我想开门见山地说 |
[19:25] | Coach Jenks tells me | 詹斯教练告诉我 |
[19:26] | that you and he had an altercation at the game. | 你和他在比赛时争吵 |
[19:31] | – A What? – An altercation. | -什么 -争吵 |
[19:34] | Well, I wouldn’t… | 我认为… |
[19:36] | I wouldn’t call it that. | 那不是争吵 |
[19:39] | Well, whatever it was, | 不管是什么… |
[19:40] | Coach Jenks doesn’t think this arrangement is gonna work out, | 詹斯教练认为这样安排不妥… |
[19:43] | and he’s asked for you to step down. | 他要你离开 |
[19:44] | Now, I feel that if he’s the coach of the football team… | 既然他是美足队教练… |
[19:47] | Wait, wait, wait. Hold on. You… | 等等 |
[19:50] | – You’re firing me? – Nobody said you were fired. | -你要开除我 -没有人要开除你 |
[19:52] | Well, he just asked me to step down, and you didn’t say no, | 他刚要我离开 你没有反对… |
[19:54] | which in my language means you’re firing me. | 依我的认知是你要开除我 |
[19:55] | – Hold on. – I just moved my family here. | -等等 -我刚举家搬来这里 |
[19:57] | Hold on, Jim! | 等等 吉姆 |
[19:58] | I don’t have the staff to go around firing people, | 我不会因为某个… |
[20:00] | because some insecure jerk who can’t stop eating his apple | 吃苹果吃个没停 没有安全感的混蛋不爽… |
[20:03] | got all bent out of shape. | 就开除员工 |
[20:05] | – What did you… – Shut up! | -你…-闭嘴 |
[20:08] | You had a chance to talk and you let me do it for you. | 你有机会表达意见 却让我帮你做 |
[20:10] | You’re dismissed. | 你能离开了 |
[20:12] | – Am I fired? – No, you’re not fired either. | -我被开除了吗 -你也没有 |
[20:13] | Now get out of here. | 快出去 |
[20:24] | Look, I don’t know if this is a pattern with you, | 听好 我不知道 你是不是常和队友不合… |
[20:26] | and I don’t know which one of you was a bigger jerk out there, | 也不知道你们谁在球场上更混… |
[20:29] | but I’m counting on it that it wasn’t you. | 但我指望不是你 |
[20:32] | Because I need a PE teacher, and I need a life science teacher. | 因为我需要体育老师和生命科学老师 |
[20:36] | I don’t know how that sits with you, but that’s how it sits. | 我不知道你怎么想 但木已成舟 |
[20:41] | All right, run a lap. | 好 跑操场一圈 |
[20:42] | Go. | 开始 |
[20:45] | Go. | 快跑 |
[21:09] | Hi, Jamie. | 你好 洁美 |
[21:10] | Hi. | 你好 |
[21:12] | How was school today? | 今天上学上得怎样 |
[21:13] | It was okay. | 就这样 |
[21:16] | Can I have half of that? | 能分我一半吗 |
[21:18] | No, but you can have that half. | 不行 但你能吃那一半 |
[21:24] | Yeah, you see that, carnal? | 看见没有 兄弟 |
[21:25] | I was down. | 我比你快 |
[21:27] | How do you like getting smoked? | 输的感觉怎样 |
[21:30] | What now, jefe? | 现在呢 老大 |
[21:32] | Run another one. | 再跑一圈 |
[21:34] | Sure. | 好 |
[21:45] | Wow. They are fast. | 天啊 他们跑得真快 |
[21:54] | They are. | 是啊 |
[21:59] | You want another one? | 要再一圈吗 |
[22:00] | You know, you’re in the wrong sport, Sameniego. | 你选错运动 萨亚戈 |
[22:03] | Not anymore. Coach cut me. | 不再是了 教练开除我了 |
[22:07] | You, too, huh? | 你也是吗 |
[22:08] | Seriously? | 不会吧 |
[22:10] | You got fired from football? In your first week? | 你才上课一星期 就被美足队开除吗 |
[22:12] | All right. Don’t rub it in. | 好了 别戳人痛处 |
[22:14] | Congratulations, White. | 恭喜 怀特 |
[22:16] | They’re treating you like a picker. | 他们把你当成采收工 |
[22:32] | David, Damacio, Danny. Wake up – it’s late. | 大卫 达马修 丹尼 快起床 迟到了 |
[22:35] | Your father is waiting in the truck. | 爸爸在卡车上等你们 |
[22:38] | Don’t be lazy. | 别睡懒觉 |
[22:39] | The world doesn’t wait for you. | 这个世界不会等你们 |
[22:51] | May God bless you. | 愿神保佑你 |
[22:52] | Thank you, Grandma. | 谢谢 奶奶 |
[23:38] | David, Damacio hurry up. | 大卫 达马修 动作快 |
[23:43] | Pay attention and respect your teachers. | 要专心上课 尊重老师 |
[23:47] | See you later. | 待会见 |
[23:58] | I hear football didn’t work out. | 听说美足队的事不顺利 |
[24:01] | You need something to do with all of that spare time of yours? | 你需要找事填补空闲时间吗 |
[24:06] | What’d you have in mind? | 你有什么提议 |
[24:07] | Migrant parent meetings, | 移民家长会… |
[24:09] | literacy programs, food banks, support groups. | 读写课程 食物银行 支持团体 |
[24:11] | These families need help. | 这些家庭需要帮助 |
[24:13] | No, it’s not really… | 那不是… |
[24:15] | Not really my sort of thing. | 不是我有兴趣的事 |
[24:16] | You live in McFarland, right? | 你住在麦克法兰 对吗 |
[24:18] | You ever taken a look out there? | 你看过四周吗 |
[24:20] | This is one of the poorest towns in America. | 这是美国最穷的小镇 |
[24:23] | These kids are invisible, they are expendable. | 这些孩子不受重视 他们是牺牲品 |
[24:26] | They come from the fields, and they go back to the fields | 他们是田家子弟… |
[24:29] | unless the prisons get them first. | 毕业后回到田地做事 除非被逮捕入狱 |
[24:34] | Yeah, I… | 我… |
[24:37] | I noticed. | 我看见了 |
[24:38] | Handy, huh? | 很方便吧 |
[24:42] | Mr. White, it’s pretty clear you don’t wanna be here. | 怀特先生 我很清楚你不想待在这里 |
[24:46] | But for these kids, these are the best years of their lives, | 但高中是这些孩子的黄金岁月… |
[24:48] | and if we’re gonna reach them, now is the time. | 如果我们要作育英才 就是现在 |
[24:51] | But I guess that’s not your kind of thing. | 但我猜那不是你有兴趣的事 |
[24:53] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[25:18] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[25:24] | You know that kid? | 你认识那个孩子 |
[25:27] | Yeah, it’s Thomas Valles. | 认识 他叫汤马斯瓦雷斯 |
[25:30] | What do you know about him? | 你知道他什么事 |
[25:34] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[25:36] | You like him. | 你喜欢他 |
[25:38] | No, I don’t. | 我没有 |
[25:40] | She likes him. Get closer. | 她喜欢他 开快点 |
[25:42] | Dad, don’t, please. | 爸 拜托 别闹了 |
[25:51] | – Can I talk to You A minute? – Yeah. | -能谈谈吗 -当然 |
[25:54] | You mind if I shut the door? | 介意我关门吗 |
[25:56] | This requires a shut door? | 这件事需要关门 |
[26:00] | Cross country running. | 越野赛跑 |
[26:02] | California is holding their first state championship this year. | 今年加州主办首届州锦标赛 |
[26:05] | Cross country? That’s a private school sport. | 越野 那是私立学校的运动 |
[26:08] | They breathe different air than we do. | 我们不能和他们相提并论 |
[26:09] | No, it’s the same air. | 学生是平等的 |
[26:11] | You do understand we don’t have a cross country team? | 你明白我们没有越野队吧 |
[26:13] | Yeah, what I don’t understand is why we have a football team instead. | 对 我不明白的反而是 为什么我们有美足队 |
[26:16] | I mean, we have kids here | 有几个学生 |
[26:18] | who seem like they can run forever. | 似乎有无限的赛跑潜力 |
[26:20] | They carbo-load on rice and beans. | 他们吃大量碳水化合物 |
[26:22] | I mean, they pick in extreme heat, | 能忍受极度高温… |
[26:24] | they go to school all day and some of ’em even run home. | 放学后有几个甚至跑回家 |
[26:25] | I’ve seen it. | 我亲眼见过 |
[26:27] | – And it’s unbelievable. – Yeah. | -真是不可思议 -是啊 |
[26:28] | And you’ve just described half the kids in the Central Valley. | 你刚形容了 中央谷区一半的孩子 |
[26:32] | Jim, let me ask you something. | 吉姆 我问你一件事 |
[26:33] | You’ve coached cross country before? | 你当过越野教练吗 |
[26:35] | No. | 没有 |
[26:36] | – Track? – No. | -田径呢 -没有 |
[26:38] | But you ran? Competed in high school maybe? | 但你是赛跑选手 也许高中参加过比赛 |
[26:41] | No. | 没有 |
[26:42] | Well, you sound perfect. | 太好了 |
[27:00] | Why are you following me? | 为什么跟踪我 |
[27:02] | Do you know how fast you were going? | 你知道你跑得多快吗 |
[27:03] | What are you, a cop? | 你是警察吗 |
[27:06] | Look, I don’t know if this car’s speedometer is right, | 不知道这辆旧车的车速表 有没有坏… |
[27:09] | it’s an old car, but if it… | 如果这辆老爷车… |
[27:11] | If it is, you’re running almost 12 miles an hour. | 但如果没坏 你跑的时速将近20公里 |
[27:13] | Means you’d run a mile in five minutes. | 就是说五分钟能跑1 6公里 |
[27:17] | So? | 所以呢 |
[27:19] | You always run that fast? | 你总是跑那么快 |
[27:22] | I don’t got a car, all right? | 我没有车 好吗 |
[27:26] | – Can I give You A lift? – No. | -要搭便车吗 -不要 |
[27:28] | But you can quit following me. | 但请你别再跟踪我 |
[27:44] | These are the times from last year’s county meet. | 这是去年比赛的结果 |
[27:46] | And this is where Thomas would be right now. | 如果汤马斯有参赛 这会是他的排名 |
[27:49] | Top 10. | 前十名 |
[27:50] | Top 10 in the state, | 全州十强… |
[27:52] | and he doesn’t own a pair of decent running shoes. | 他没有一双像样的跑鞋 |
[27:54] | Look, Jim, you might be right. | 吉姆 你也许没错 |
[27:56] | But there’s too many issues here, the school board being one of them. | 但牵涉到太多问题 包括校董会 |
[28:01] | But if I had board approval, you’d back it, right? | 如果我让校董会点头 你会支持吧 |
[28:03] | Well, yeah, sure, but that’s never gonna happen. | 当然 但那是不可能的事 |
[28:07] | California public school system pre-approved six new sports | 加州公立学校体系 几年前预准六项新运动… |
[28:09] | a few years ago to get funding for new lockers, | 取得资金购买新置物柜… |
[28:12] | including guess what? | 猜猜包括什么 |
[28:15] | Cross country. | 越野 |
[28:19] | And a cross country coach. | 还有越野教练 |
[28:23] | Yeah, it says it right here. “Cross country coach.” | 对 白纸黑字 越野教练 |
[28:28] | First four runners get one of these… | 前四名能得到一瓶运动饮料 |
[28:31] | Nice and cold. | 冰凉好喝 |
[28:32] | Get on the line. | 到起跑线准备 |
[28:39] | On your marks… | 各就各位… |
[28:41] | Get set… | 预备… |
[28:44] | Go! | 开始 |
[29:05] | Johnny, stop bothering those girls and get over here. | 强尼 别烦那些女生 过来 |
[29:10] | Yes. | 好 |
[29:12] | I wanna ask you a question. | 我要问你 |
[29:14] | You think the guys in my class would be into cross country? | 我班上的学生 对越野会有兴趣吗 |
[29:17] | Country western ain’t my thing, boss. | 我不爱乡村西部音乐 |
[29:20] | Cross country running, wise guy. | 越野赛跑 小聪明 |
[29:23] | For what? | 为什么 |
[29:24] | To win, to compete. | 要获胜 要比赛 |
[29:26] | To impress girls. | 要把妹 |
[29:28] | Nobody wins around here, White. | 这里没人获胜 怀特 |
[29:30] | Doesn’t have to be that way. | 人不用认命 |
[29:31] | I watched you run. You can beat somebody. | 我看过你跑 你有实力 |
[29:34] | If I felt like it. | 要看我的心情 |
[29:36] | Which I don’t. | 现在我没有心情 |
[29:37] | What do you say? | 你呢 |
[29:38] | You want to help me get a team together? | 要帮我组队吗 |
[29:40] | How many do we need? | 需要几个人 |
[29:41] | Seven. | 七人 |
[29:42] | You can start with that knucklehead. | 你能从那个笨蛋开始 |
[29:46] | Johnny, make sure one of those guys is Thomas Valles. | 强尼 一定要找汤马斯瓦雷斯 |
[29:54] | Hey, ese. | 你好 大哥 |
[29:55] | You wanna be on the running team? | 你想参加赛跑队吗 |
[29:57] | Nope. | 不想 |
[30:00] | Come on, man. | 别这样 |
[30:01] | Just think about it. Say yes. | 考虑考虑 答应我 |
[30:03] | Hey! | 等等 |
[30:10] | I wanna talk to you guys about a running team. | 想问你们赛跑队的事 |
[30:12] | Johnny. | 强尼 |
[30:13] | You wanna be on the running team? | 你想参加赛跑队吗 |
[30:14] | I’ll be on the running team. | 我想参加 |
[30:18] | You guys wanna be on the running team? | 你们想参加赛跑队 |
[30:24] | Hey! | 小子 |
[30:25] | I got you now, Cardenas. | 逮到你了 卡登纳斯 |
[30:28] | You are this far from juvie, son. | 你再乱来就要去少年感化院 |
[30:31] | Jose. | 荷西 |
[30:33] | You get me my change? | 拿到我的零钱了吗 |
[30:38] | My change got stuck in the machine. | 我的零钱卡在贩卖机里 |
[30:40] | I asked Jose to get it out for me. | 我请荷西帮我拿出来 |
[30:42] | You’re not helping them, White. | 你是在害他们 怀特 |
[30:48] | What did you do that for? | 你为什么要帮我 |
[30:52] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[30:53] | You just made the cross country team. | 你刚加入越野队了 |
[30:56] | I told you to stay away from my sister! | 我叫你离我妹远点 |
[30:58] | Thomas, don’t do that! | 汤米 别打 |
[30:59] | Tommy, don’t do that! | 汤米 别打 |
[31:05] | And so did Thomas Valles. | 汤马斯瓦雷斯也加入了 |
[31:08] | Do me a favor, Valles. Act a little happier. | 帮帮忙 瓦雷斯 开心点 |
[31:11] | The coach just negotiated you out of a suspension. | 教练刚让你不用留校察看 |
[31:32] | Danny Diaz? | 丹尼狄亚兹 |
[31:34] | Hey, we needed seven. | 我们需要七人 |
[31:35] | Yeah, seven runners, | 七个赛跑选手… |
[31:36] | not six runners and Danny Diaz. | 不是六个赛跑选手 和丹尼狄亚兹 |
[31:38] | Hey, Danny’s our anchor. | 丹尼是我们的强棒 |
[31:39] | And he’ll drag our ass down. | 他会拖累我们 |
[31:41] | All right, knock it off, Puentes. | 别说了 普特斯 |
[31:43] | Let’s see if those legs work as fast as your mouth. | 看看你那双腿有没有比嘴快 |
[31:46] | Elmo Bridge and back. Go. | 跑到艾莫桥回来 开始 |
[31:48] | Go. | 开始 |
[31:51] | Hey. | 等等 |
[31:52] | I mean it, all right? | 我说真的 好吗 |
[31:54] | You’re my anchor, Danny, and not because you’re fat. | 你是我的强棒 丹尼 不是因为你很胖 |
[31:56] | And you are a little fat, okay? So you better lose some weight. | 你是有点胖 好吗 所以你最好减肥 |
[32:00] | So, why am I the anchor? | 我为什么是强棒 |
[32:02] | Because you’re gonna hold this team steady, okay? | 因为你会凝聚这个团队 |
[32:04] | I lose you, I’ll lose your brothers. | 我失去你 就会失去你的兄弟 |
[32:06] | You’re important, Diaz. | 你很重要 狄亚兹 |
[32:08] | Let’s go. | 跑快点 |
[32:21] | You hot, homes? You tired? | 很热吗 老乡 累了吗 |
[32:23] | Because anytime you wanna stop, | 因为只要你想停下来 |
[32:25] | we’re cool with that. | 我们无所谓 |
[32:39] | Now I’ve seen everything. | 真是无奇不有 |
[32:41] | You guys keep going. | 你们继续跑 |
[32:42] | Down to the bridge and back. | 跑到桥回来 |
[32:45] | I’ll time you from here. | 我从这里帮你们计时 |
[32:51] | Hey, what are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[32:52] | You can’t quit. | 不能放弃 |
[32:59] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[33:09] | Thank… | 谢谢 |
[33:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[33:45] | Let’s get some water. | 我们去喝水 |
[33:57] | Where’s Victor? | 维多呢 |
[34:03] | Anybody seen Danny? | 有人看见丹尼吗 |
[34:04] | There he is. | 他在那里 |
[34:06] | Yeah, slower than 911 to a Mexican’s house. | 比警车到墨西哥人的家还慢 |
[34:18] | Those the best running shoes you guys got? | 那些是你们最好的跑鞋吗 |
[34:19] | Best running shoes, school shoes, church shoes. | 我们只有这双鞋子 |
[34:30] | – Good, Danny. – Good job. | -很好 丹尼 -干得好 |
[34:32] | Good job, hermano. | 做得好 兄弟 |
[35:02] | All right. | 好了 |
[35:05] | Put them on. | 穿起来 |
[35:07] | New shoes. | 新鞋子 |
[35:11] | New shorts, man! | 新短裤 |
[35:16] | Ain’t no way I’m wearing these. | 我不穿这种短裤 |
[35:18] | Yeah, well, then you’re running naked, because those are our uniforms. | 那你只好裸体跑 因为那是我们的制服 |
[35:21] | Hey, we wear them, you wear them, ese. | 要我们穿 你也要穿 大哥 |
[35:24] | All right, let’s hurry up. | 动作快 |
[35:25] | Don’t forget to take the tags off, right. | 别忘记撕掉价标 |
[35:40] | – Coach Jameson? – Yes, sir? | -詹姆森教练吗 -是 先生 |
[35:42] | Jim White, McFarland. | 吉姆怀特 麦克法兰高中 |
[35:45] | I didn’t know McFarland had a team. | 不知道麦克法兰有越野队 |
[35:49] | Is that them? | 他们是选手吗 |
[35:51] | Yeah. Yeah. They’re faster than they look. | 对 人不可貌相 |
[35:55] | If you say so. | 你说了算 |
[36:01] | See you on the course. | 场上见 |
[36:03] | Okay, guys. | 好了 各位 |
[36:05] | Okay, here we go. | 开始了 |
[36:08] | Remember, scoring is based on your individual places, all right? | 记住 分数是以个人排名计分 |
[36:11] | You finish first, that’s a 1. | 第一名是一分 |
[36:13] | Second, that’s a 2, and so on. | 第二名是两分 依此类推 |
[36:15] | The team with the lowest combined score for their top 5 runners wins. | 各队前五名选手 总分最低的队伍获胜 |
[36:20] | So the lowest score wins? | 最低分的获胜吗 |
[36:22] | That’s right, it’s like golf. | 没错 就像高尔夫球 |
[36:25] | You think we play golf? | 你以为我们打高尔夫球 |
[36:26] | We don’t got a country club. We don’t even got a Kmart. | 这里没有乡村俱乐部 连平价百货连锁店都没有 |
[36:29] | I bet that guy plays golf. | 我敢说那个人打高尔夫球 |
[36:33] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[36:34] | If my score don’t count, why am I even here? | 如果我的分数不算 为什么还叫我来 |
[36:36] | To make us look faster, panzón. | 让我们显得更快 胖弟 |
[36:38] | All right, look. | 好 听好 |
[36:39] | Just try and remember, lowest score wins. | 只要记住最低分的获胜 |
[36:40] | If you get ahead of any of their top five guys, | 只要超前他们前五名选手 |
[36:43] | that adds points to their total. | 让他们总分增加 |
[36:44] | Even you, Danny. Got it? | 甚至你 丹尼 懂吗 |
[36:49] | Doesn’t matter. | 没关系 |
[36:50] | Let’s go show them how it’s done. | 让他们看看我们的厉害 |
[37:03] | Come on, Danny! | 别吃了 丹尼 |
[37:17] | Where the hell is McFarland? | 麦克法兰到底在哪里 |
[37:20] | I hear they can’t run without a cop behind them. | 听说有警察追他们才会跑 |
[37:23] | Or a Taco Bell in front of them. | 或拿墨西哥食物引诱他们 |
[37:39] | Timers ready? | 计时员预备 |
[37:44] | Runners, take your mark… | 选手们 各就各位… |
[37:51] | Come on. | 加油 |
[38:19] | 5: 17. Good pace, Hunter. | 5分17秒 速度很好 杭特 |
[38:24] | 5:22, Thomas! Keep that pace! | 5分22秒 汤马斯 保持速度 |
[38:26] | Come on! Come on! Get it. Get it. | 你超越他了 加油 |
[38:30] | You got him! Come on! | 保持速度 |
[38:31] | Stay with him! Stay with him! | 很好 表现很好 |
[38:32] | That’s it! That’s it! You’re looking great! | 就这样 就这样 你真棒 |
[38:34] | Good pace, Robby! Keep the pace. Keep that up! | 速度很好 罗比 保持下去 |
[38:37] | Come on. Pick it up. | 加油 跑快点 |
[38:38] | Go! Go! Go! | 加油 加油 |
[38:45] | Jose, good! | 荷西 很好 |
[38:47] | Good, David, good! | 大卫 很好 |
[38:49] | Come on, Danny! | 加油 丹尼 |
[39:17] | That’s a boy, Hunter! Take him, take him! | 很好 杭特 追过他 |
[39:22] | Come on, kid! | 加油 孩子 |
[39:23] | Come on, Hunter. | 加油 杭特 |
[39:24] | – Come on! – Come on. | -加油 -加油 |
[39:26] | Power it up! | 加油 跑快点 |
[39:28] | Come on. | 加油 |
[39:29] | Stay steady. Stay steady. | 保持平衡 保持平衡 |
[39:31] | You got him, Hunter! | 超越他了 杭特 |
[39:32] | Come on! Move it, move it! | 加油 快跑 |
[39:34] | You got him! Way to go! | 超越他了 杭特 |
[39:35] | Atta boy! Atta boy! | 真是个好男孩 |
[39:38] | That’s right, bring it home, baby! Bring it home. | 对的 带它回家 |
[39:41] | – Nice. – Come on, buddy. | -很好 -加油 伙计 |
[39:43] | Come on, come on. | 加油 |
[39:44] | Get up! Let’s go. | 起来 让我们走 |
[39:46] | Blue jersey is right on to you. Keep that spot. | 蓝色球衣在你的右边 保持位置 |
[39:48] | Kick it! | 快踢 |
[39:49] | You can get him! You can get him! | 你能赢他 你能赢他 |
[39:51] | You can get him! | 你能赢他 |
[39:53] | – Keep it! – Hold that position! | -保持住 -保持位置 |
[39:56] | Yes! | 太好了 |
[39:57] | Good, Thomas. Good. | 汤马斯 很好 |
[39:59] | Good job, guys! Good job! | 做得好 伙计们 做得好 |
[40:01] | Centennial, Centennial, | 百年纪念 百年纪念 |
[40:03] | Palo Alto and Morro Bay. | 帕罗奥托和摩罗湾 |
[40:05] | Finish strong! | 坚持到底 |
[40:07] | Palo Alto, McFarland. | 帕罗奥托 麦克法兰 |
[40:09] | Morro Bay, McFarland. | 摩罗湾 麦克法兰 |
[40:10] | All the way. | 一路到底 |
[40:12] | McFarland. McFarland. | 麦克法兰 麦克法兰 |
[40:21] | Good, Danny, you never stopped. | 很好 丹尼 你坚持到底 |
[40:25] | You never stopped. | 永不放弃 |
[40:26] | And McFarland. | 还有麦克法兰 |
[40:31] | Coming in with a combined score of 35, | 最低总分35分 |
[40:34] | the winner is… | 获胜队是… |
[40:36] | Centennial. | 百年纪念高中 |
[40:40] | Second, Palo Alto, 41. | 第二名帕罗奥托高中 41分 |
[40:42] | – Nice! – Right here! | -漂亮 -这边 |
[40:44] | Third, Morro Bay, 61. | 第三名摩罗湾高中 61分 |
[40:47] | Good job. Yeah. | 干得好 |
[40:48] | And in fourth place | 第四名… |
[40:51] | with a score of | 总分是… |
[40:53] | 104… | 104分… |
[40:56] | McFarland. | 麦克法兰高中 |
[40:59] | That’s a great race, boys. | 真是精采比赛 选手们 |
[41:01] | – Yeah. – Yeah, it’s great guys. | -是的 -非常棒的队员 |
[41:03] | So I guess, better luck next time, boys? | 我猜…你们下次会更好 |
[41:07] | Right? Yeah? | 对吗 |
[41:08] | Seriously. Later. | 真的 再见 |
[41:23] | What happened out there today was not your fault, you hear me? | 今天的比赛结果 不是你们的错 听见没有 |
[41:27] | It was my fault. | 那是我的错 |
[41:29] | I should have checked the course. | 我应该先勘查赛道 |
[41:31] | That final hill, I should have known about that. | 要是我知道最后有那个山丘 |
[41:33] | Thomas would have eaten that kid’s lunch. | 汤马斯会跑得比他快多了 |
[41:37] | What happened out there today is on me, understood? | 今天的比赛结果是我要负责 懂吗 |
[41:43] | Understood? | 懂吗 |
[41:45] | Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. | 我懂 |
[41:47] | Yeah. | 我懂 |
[41:49] | Good. | 很好 |
[42:12] | Hello, son. | 儿子 |
[42:13] | Say hello to your father. | 问候你爸爸 |
[42:23] | But fourth place, in your first meet. | 但第一场比赛得到第四名 |
[42:25] | That’s not too shabby. | 不算太糟 |
[42:27] | Fourth out of four. | 只有四队比赛 |
[42:29] | Also known as last. | 也叫最后一名 |
[42:32] | Last doesn’t get us out of here. | 最后一名无法让我们离开这里 |
[42:35] | Last doesn’t get me a job somewhere else. | 最后一名无法 让我在别的地方找到工作 |
[42:40] | I’m way too soft on these kids. | 我对这些孩子太仁慈了 |
[42:44] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[42:45] | It’s Julie’s birthday tomorrow, remember? | 明天是茱莉的生日 记得吗 |
[42:48] | Could you please stop by the store and pick up her cake on the way home? | 能请你回家时 顺便到蛋糕店拿蛋糕吗 |
[42:52] | Sure. | 好 |
[42:55] | I got her a really fancy one. It’s beautiful. | 我帮她订了很贵的蛋糕 很漂亮 |
[43:01] | Jim? | 吉姆 |
[43:02] | Birthday dinner is at 6:00, okay? | 生日晚餐是六点 好吗 |
[43:04] | Okay. | 好 |
[43:06] | Okay, I hear you. | 好 我听见了 |
[43:09] | Okay. | 很好 |
[43:26] | We don’t have a hill. | 我们没有山丘 |
[43:29] | These are our hills. This is where we’re gonna run. | 这些是我们的山丘 也是练习的场地 |
[43:32] | All of them? | 跑完全部吗 |
[43:33] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[43:35] | What happened to us in Palo Alto, | 帕罗奥托的比赛结果… |
[43:37] | never gonna happen again. | 绝不会再发生 |
[43:38] | Let’s go. | 开始 |
[43:40] | Let’s go! | 快跑 |
[44:07] | We’re done. | 跑完了 |
[44:09] | Who’s done? | 谁跑完了 |
[44:11] | We are. | 我们 |
[44:15] | You mean you want to quit? | 你是说你想放弃 |
[44:16] | Go home, stretch out on the couch? | 回家躺在沙发休息吗 |
[44:19] | Guess what? Me, too. | 猜猜怎样 我也是 |
[44:21] | But it ain’t gonna happen. | 但休想 |
[44:22] | Here’s what we’re gonna do. | 这样好了 |
[44:24] | We’re gonna catch our breath, | 我们暂作休息… |
[44:26] | and then we’re gonna hit it again. | 然后再跑完全程 |
[44:29] | Danny’s about to collapse. | 丹尼快虚脱了 |
[44:32] | It’s hard. | 很难受 |
[44:33] | – It’s hard? – Yeah. | -很难受 -对 |
[44:35] | I’ll tell you what’s hard, | 我告诉你什么叫难受 |
[44:37] | is watching someone pass you on that last hill. | 看别人在最后山丘超越你 |
[44:39] | Just ask Thomas. | 问汤马斯就好 |
[44:41] | What’s hard is losing when you know you haven’t done enough. | 明知自己不够努力 而输掉比赛才叫难受 |
[44:44] | All right, we’re going to get to the point where when we see a hill, we smile. | 我们要练习到笑看山丘 |
[44:48] | The higher, the better. | 越高越好 |
[44:50] | All right. Now we know what we didn’t know, right? | 现在我们有进步 对吗 |
[44:53] | Right? Now we know what we didn’t know. | 对吗 现在我们有进步了 |
[44:55] | Today’s the beginning. | 今天是开始 |
[44:56] | Let’s hit it again. | 再跑一圈 |
[44:58] | Let’s hit it again. | 再跑一圈 |
[45:02] | Come on, guys. | 大家加油 |
[45:08] | What are you waiting for, Valles? | 你在等什么 瓦雷斯 |
[45:33] | Who’s got one more? | 谁还能再跑 |
[45:34] | Come on, lean into this. | 加油 身体往前倾 |
[45:36] | Good. | 很好 |
[45:38] | Good. | 很好 |
[45:40] | Come on. Let your arms take you up that hill. | 摆动双臂冲上山丘 |
[45:43] | Change the gear when you go uphill. | 跑上山丘时要换跑法 |
[45:44] | You gotta change it. | 你得换跑法 |
[45:47] | Change the gear going up that hill! | 换跑法冲上山丘 |
[45:52] | Come on, Danny, start to give it to me! | 加油 丹尼 求你跑快点 |
[45:58] | If we don’t back down they won’t, either. | 如果我们不放弃 其他赛跑队也不会 |
[46:03] | Come on, Diaz, they’re lapping you. | 加油 狄亚兹 他们快超前你一圈了 |
[46:09] | Pick it up, Danny. All right? | 加油 丹尼 |
[46:10] | You’re the anchor. You’re not the brake. | 你是强棒 不是弱棒 |
[46:13] | Atta boy. | 很好 |
[46:16] | Good, Jose. | 很好 荷西 |
[46:17] | You think I’m picking on you, Diaz? | 以为我在找你碴 狄亚兹 |
[46:19] | Go faster, I’ll pick on somebody else. | 跑快点 我就会找别人碴 |
[46:23] | Good! Good! | 很好 很好 |
[46:25] | That’s it. Take a break. | 很好 休息 |
[46:29] | Okay, good. | 很好 |
[46:31] | Good. | 很好 |
[46:39] | Okay, that’s what I wanted to see. | 那是我想看见的 |
[46:40] | That’s how we need to finish. | 那是我们如何需要去结束 |
[46:42] | Good job. Take a break. | 做得好 休息 |
[46:44] | Valles! | 瓦雷斯 |
[46:46] | Valles, I said take a break. | 瓦雷斯 我说休息 |
[46:48] | How many more do you want? | 你还想要多少圈 |
[46:49] | 10, 20, 100? | 10圈 20圈 100圈 |
[46:51] | Take a break! | 休息 |
[46:54] | You think you’re tough, White? Well, we’re tougher, right. | 你自以为很猛吗 怀特 我们更猛 |
[46:57] | We’re not runners. We’re pickers. | 我们不是赛跑选手 而是采收工 |
[46:59] | And we’re always gonna be pickers. | 我们永远会是采收工 |
[47:00] | And every day we’re gonna get up and do the same thing | 每天我们会起床做同样的事… |
[47:02] | over and over again, just like this. | 周而复始 就像这样 |
[47:04] | So you can make us do it a hundred times, a thousand times, | 所以你能逼我们跑山丘 一百次 一千次… |
[47:08] | because guess what? | 因为猜猜怎样 |
[47:09] | It’s never gonna change, all right? | 事实永远不会改变 好吗 |
[47:22] | You know what these are, White? | 你知道这些是什么吗 怀特 |
[47:24] | You know what’s under here? | 你知道下面是什么吗 |
[47:26] | Almond hulls. You eat almonds? | 杏仁壳 你吃杏仁吗 |
[47:31] | You like them? | 你喜欢吗 |
[47:34] | They come out the packet real nice, right? | 包装精美的杏仁 对吗 |
[47:38] | Well, somebody picked those, White. | 要有人采收杏仁 怀特 |
[47:40] | But you can use them for hill training, right? | 但你能用来当山丘练习场 对吗 |
[47:49] | Valles. | 瓦雷斯 |
[47:52] | Suspend me if you want, man. | 罚我留校察看随便你 |
[47:54] | I’m done. | 我退出 |
[48:02] | Okay, practice is over. | 好 练习到此为止 |
[48:16] | Are you going to leave again? | 你又要离开吗 |
[48:17] | This is your fault. | 这是你的错 |
[48:20] | Everything is always my fault. | 一切永远是我的错 |
[48:22] | Be quiet. | 安静 |
[48:23] | You’ve abandoned us. | 你已经抛妻弃子 |
[48:25] | Be quiet! | 安静 |
[49:06] | Where’s the cake? | 蛋糕呢 |
[49:13] | Happy birthday, sweetheart. | 生日快乐 女儿 |
[49:17] | I’m sorry I was late. | 对不起我晚到家 |
[49:20] | You forgot it, didn’t you? | 你忘记蛋糕的事 对吗 |
[49:23] | That’s okay. I didn’t really want it anyway. | 没关系 反正我不是很想要 |
[49:34] | This was really important to her, Jim. | 这对她很重要 吉姆 |
[49:36] | I’m sorry, all right? I’m sorry, but my… | 对不起 好吗 对不起… |
[49:40] | My best runner just quit. | 但我最好的选手刚退出了 |
[49:43] | No, check that. I mean, I… I mean… | 不对 刚说过了 |
[49:45] | He didn’t just quit. He had some kind of breakdown. | 他不只退出 还有精神崩溃 |
[49:48] | I don’t care. Julie is 15 years old, | 我不管 茱莉15岁了… |
[49:50] | and you couldn’t even remember her cake. | 你连她的蛋糕都记不住 |
[49:55] | Well, if a missed cake’s the worst thing that ever happens to her, | 如果没有蛋糕是最惨的事… |
[49:57] | she’s got it over most of these kids. | 她比这些孩子更幸福 |
[49:59] | You know what? She’s your daughter, Jim. | 她是你的女儿 吉姆 |
[50:01] | And if you think any one of those fathers out there | 如果你认为这里的爸爸 |
[50:03] | would miss their daughter’s birthday, | 会错过女儿的生日… |
[50:05] | then you oughta go out and see what kind of cakes they get them. | 那你应该去看看 他们买给女儿的蛋糕 |
[50:18] | Julie? | 茱莉 |
[50:21] | Julie, please let me in. | 茱莉 请让我进去 |
[50:28] | Go away, Dad. | 走开 爸 |
[51:32] | Thomas? | 汤马斯 |
[51:44] | What are you doing on the bridge, Thomas? | 你来桥上做什么 汤马斯 |
[51:47] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[51:56] | Who hit you? | 谁打你 |
[51:58] | No one. | 没有人 |
[52:04] | All right, my dad. But it wasn’t his fault. | 是我爸 但不能怪他 |
[52:08] | I don’t know about that. | 我不知道那件事 |
[52:11] | Yeah, well, you don’t know about a lot of things. Okay, White? | 有很多事你不知道 怀特 |
[52:14] | You haven’t got a clue. | 你一无所知 |
[52:16] | All right, then… | 好吧… |
[52:18] | Then explain it to me. Help me figure it out. | 那解释给我听 帮我搞清楚 |
[52:22] | Look, he’s a picker. | 他是采收工 |
[52:24] | He’s not a foreman like Señor Diaz. | 他不像狄亚兹先生是工头 |
[52:26] | He doesn’t run a crew. | 他没有管人 |
[52:29] | He just tries to get whatever work he can find, | 只是到处打零工… |
[52:32] | Arizona, Texas, wherever. | 亚利桑那 德州等等 |
[52:35] | And he got back yesterday and his baby girl is pregnant. | 昨天他回家 发现他的女儿怀孕了 |
[52:41] | And so he just started hitting the wall, all right? | 他就开始搥墙 好吗 |
[52:45] | And I was trying to get him to stop, and I just got in the way. | 我想让他住手 结果不小心被打到 |
[52:52] | Look, if he hurts his hands, he can’t work. | 如果他弄伤手就不能工作 |
[52:54] | Do you get that? | 你懂吗 |
[52:56] | Okay. | 好 |
[52:59] | Okay, Thomas, I get it. | 好 汤马斯 我懂 |
[53:08] | Do you want to know why I’m out here, | 想知道我为什么来这里… |
[53:13] | middle of night, driving around by myself? | 半夜一个人开车闲晃 |
[53:17] | No. | 不想 |
[53:18] | Too bad. I’m gonna tell you anyway. | 真遗憾 反正我要告诉你 |
[53:23] | I forgot to buy my daughter’s birthday cake. | 我忘记买我女儿的生日蛋糕 |
[53:29] | That’s bad, White. | 真糟糕 怀特 |
[53:34] | Look, you… | 听好 你… |
[53:37] | You scared me today. You did. And you’re… | 你今天真的吓到我了 |
[53:41] | You’re scaring me now, so you wanna come off of there? | 现在也吓到我了 你想下来吗 |
[53:45] | No. | 不想 |
[53:51] | Okay, then let me tell you the truth | 那让我坦白告诉你 |
[53:52] | about what happens, how this ends, if you… | 这件事的下场… |
[53:55] | If you fall from here. | 如果你从桥上摔落 |
[54:00] | If you go off this bridge tonight, and there’s every chance you might, | 如果你今晚跳下桥 你也许有机会… |
[54:04] | you’ll probably live, all right? | 你可能不会死 好吗 |
[54:07] | It’s not that high, but I promise you, Thomas, | 桥高度不高 但我向你保证 汤马斯… |
[54:09] | there’s no chance you’ll ever run again. | 你不可能再赛跑 |
[54:13] | None. | 毫无机会 |
[54:17] | And right now I’m guessing running’s the best thing you’ve got. | 现在我猜赛跑对你最重要 |
[54:22] | Feels as if it might be the only thing you’ve got. | 也许是你仅剩的东西 |
[54:25] | Come on down. | 快下来 |
[54:30] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[54:51] | So you wanna… | 你要… |
[54:54] | You wanna keep going with this cross country thing? | 你要继续练习越野赛跑吗 |
[55:03] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[55:06] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[55:47] | You shorten your stride, | 缩小步伐… |
[55:48] | lean into the hill, and lower your head. | 身体往前倾和头部压低 |
[55:52] | This is the only place you’ll ever do this in cross country. | 越野赛跑中 只有跑上山丘才要这样做 |
[56:02] | Julie? | 茱莉 |
[56:08] | Nobody can hold a grudge like a teenage girl. | 没有人的冷战功力 比得了青少女 |
[56:11] | How about her mom? | 她的妈妈呢 |
[56:13] | I’m working on it. | 我在努力 |
[56:20] | Don’t even think about it. | 休想 |
[56:48] | All right, I’m not the ice cream man. | 我不是冰淇淋先生 |
[56:50] | Six miles. | 6英里 |
[56:51] | Same pace, all right? Gotta lay down our base. | 保持速度 好吗 要练好基本功 |
[56:54] | Johnny. | 强尼 |
[56:55] | Johnny, why are your arms flying around everywhere? | 你的手臂为什么乱摆 |
[56:57] | I don’t know. Why you riding a Barbie bike? | 不知道 你为什么骑淑女车 |
[56:59] | Because it’s pretty? | 因为很漂亮吗 |
[57:01] | I bet you got the matching doll house, too, huh? | 我敢说你也有芭比娃娃屋 |
[57:04] | Which one are you, White? Blanco Barbie? | 你叫怀特还是白哥芭比 |
[57:06] | All right, joke less, run more. | 好了 别耍嘴皮 专心跑 |
[57:08] | Everybody tuck your arms in. | 大家把手臂贴近身体两侧 |
[57:09] | You’re all starting to look like the mangy chicken | 你们越来越像我家养的 |
[57:11] | I got hanging around my house. | 那只生满疥癣的鸡 |
[57:14] | You’re not smiling, are you, Valles? | 你不是在笑吧 瓦雷斯 |
[57:15] | No. | 没有 |
[57:18] | No, I didn’t think so. | 才怪 |
[57:29] | Be warm and loose for the start of the race. | 比赛开始要暖身和放松 |
[57:33] | That’s right, fellas. Stay nice and relaxed. | 很好 保持放松 |
[57:39] | Nice work. | 做得好 |
[57:40] | Okay. Come on. | 好 集合 |
[57:42] | Come on. | 集合 |
[57:47] | Everybody all right? | 大家可以吗 |
[57:48] | This is a dual meet, just us and them, all right? | 这是对抗赛 只有两队 |
[57:51] | Clovis versus McFarland. They’re good, | 克洛维斯对麦克法兰 他们很优秀… |
[57:53] | they’re ranked, | 排名很高… |
[57:55] | and they think we’re pushovers. | 他们认为我们是肉脚 |
[57:58] | You ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[58:02] | Let’s do it, Blanco. | 开始吧 白哥 |
[58:03] | All right. | 很好 |
[58:09] | Where are we from? | 我们来自哪里 |
[58:10] | – Uno, dos, tres… – McFarland! | -一 二 三…-麦克法兰 |
[58:26] | All D block… | D区… |
[58:27] | All D block inmates, 15 minutes. | D区所有囚犯 放风时间15分钟 |
[59:00] | Can they even understand you? | 他们听得懂你的话吗 |
[59:04] | You probably just point, huh? “Go that way, amigo.” | 你可能就用指的”走那边 朋友” |
[59:09] | Yeah, something like that. | 对 差不多 |
[59:13] | 15:40, Derek! | 15分40秒 戴瑞克 |
[59:15] | Just cruise to win. | 稳稳地就获胜 |
[59:18] | 15:45, Thomas! | 15分45秒 汤马斯 |
[59:22] | Now, go get him. | 现在去追他 |
[59:26] | Go get him. | 去追他 |
[59:29] | Atta boy. | 很好 |
[59:38] | Atta boy. | 很好 |
[59:41] | Come on, Thomas. | 加油 |
[59:51] | 16:30, Thomas. Good job. | 16分30秒 汤马斯 做得好 |
[59:58] | Atta boy, Johnny. | 很好 强尼 |
[1:00:01] | Jose, good. | 荷西 很好 |
[1:00:05] | Come on, Danny. | 加油 丹尼 |
[1:00:07] | – Come on, Sean. – Come on, Danny! | -加油 尚恩 -加油 丹尼 |
[1:00:27] | That’s what I have. | 我也是那个结果 |
[1:00:40] | Well, it was close, boys. | 比赛分数很接近 |
[1:00:43] | Like I said… | 就像我说的… |
[1:00:47] | They’re a great team. | 他们是很优秀的队伍 |
[1:00:51] | But you’re better. | 但你们更优秀 |
[1:00:54] | Clovis scored 28. | 克洛维斯得到28分 |
[1:00:56] | McFarland, 27. | 麦克法兰27分 |
[1:00:57] | Hang on. You mean… | 等等 你是说… |
[1:00:59] | That’s right. Lowest score wins. | 没错 最低分的获胜 |
[1:01:02] | You just won your first race. | 你们刚获得第一胜 |
[1:01:13] | Good race, amigo. | 比赛很精采 朋友 |
[1:01:20] | I told you we were gonna win. | 早说过我们会获胜 |
[1:01:41] | Car trouble, honey? | 车子抛锚吗 |
[1:01:44] | Come on in, baby, we’ll get you fixed up. | 进来 宝贝 我们会帮你修好 |
[1:01:46] | Come on in. | 别客气 |
[1:01:56] | Where are the Diazes? | 狄亚兹兄弟呢 |
[1:01:58] | Out. | 退出 |
[1:02:00] | Out? What do you mean “out”? | 什么意思 |
[1:02:01] | Out like off the team. | 退出这个队 |
[1:02:03] | What? | 什么 |
[1:02:05] | – Says who? – Says their father | -谁说的 -他们的爸爸… |
[1:02:06] | who’s also their foreman. | 也是他们的工头 |
[1:02:10] | My boyfriend’s got a garage in the back. | 我男友的修车厂在后面 |
[1:02:11] | He’ll take a look at that little car of yours. | 他会帮你看看你的小车 |
[1:02:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:02:15] | There you go. | 好了 |
[1:02:16] | Oh, my goodness, honey. | 天啊 宝贝 |
[1:02:20] | What have you been doing with these hands? | 你用这双手做了什么事 |
[1:02:23] | Moving houses, I guess, trying to make a garden. | 搬家和整理花园吧 |
[1:02:26] | Just sit back, enjoy the view, | 坐好 享受美景 |
[1:02:30] | and we will get you out of here in no time. | 我们很快会修好你的车 |
[1:02:34] | That’s my boyfriend. | 那是我的男友 |
[1:02:37] | He’s handsome, isn’t he? | 他很帅吧 |
[1:02:39] | I know. | 我知道 |
[1:02:50] | Hey, Damacio. | 你好 达马修 |
[1:02:51] | Look, you wouldn’t understand. | 听好 你不会懂的 |
[1:02:53] | Damacio… | 达马修… |
[1:02:58] | This was our teacher for running, Mr. White. | 这是我们的赛跑老师 怀特先生 |
[1:03:00] | He just stopped by real quick to say hi. | 他只是顺道过来拜访 |
[1:03:06] | You wanna eat? | 要吃吗 |
[1:03:08] | Hope you like enchiladas, White. | 希望你喜欢焗烤卷饼 怀特 |
[1:03:24] | Ready to try it? | 想试一下吗 |
[1:03:34] | A little bit. | 一点点 |
[1:04:00] | How many is that? Seven? Eight? | 你吃了几个 七个 八个 |
[1:04:03] | Saying no is rude. | 拒绝没有礼貌 |
[1:04:04] | Yeah, so is puking on the table. | 对 吐在桌上也是 |
[1:04:09] | Take home to the family. | 带回家给家人吃 |
[1:04:12] | No, no, señora, please. | 这样不好 太太 别客气 |
[1:04:15] | – Gracias, but I couldn’t. – No. | -谢谢 但我心领了 -别 |
[1:04:17] | Don’t say to me no, okay? | 别拒绝我 好吗 |
[1:04:18] | My husband always working, | 我先生总是在工作… |
[1:04:21] | but every day he’s sitting at the table with his family. | 但每天他都和家人坐在餐桌 |
[1:04:24] | He’s talking and he’s listening. | 边说边听 |
[1:04:25] | How you gonna be family if you no eating together, huh? | 如果你们不一起吃饭 怎么叫家人 |
[1:04:28] | I want that back. | 吃完保鲜盒要还我 |
[1:04:37] | Can I give you a hand with those tubs? | 要我帮你洗吗 |
[1:04:41] | Just saying… | 我只是说… |
[1:04:43] | Can I help you out? | 我能帮你吗 |
[1:04:45] | No, gracias. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[1:04:47] | David… | 大卫… |
[1:04:49] | I’d like you to ask your father something for me. | 我想请你帮我问你爸一件事 |
[1:04:51] | Yeah. | 好 |
[1:04:57] | You know what? Just tell him… | 就告诉他… |
[1:04:59] | Just tell him it was an honor to be invited into his home. | 很荣幸被邀请到他家 |
[1:05:02] | Dad, he said it was an honor to be invited into your home. | 爸 他说很荣幸被邀请到你家 |
[1:05:06] | Tell him I say thanks. | 告诉他我说谢谢 |
[1:05:13] | I’m sorry, I thought you… | 抱歉 我以为你… |
[1:05:14] | I get by. | 我的英语程度还过得去 |
[1:05:21] | Thank you for your hospitality. | 谢谢你的款待 |
[1:05:25] | We don’t ask for help around here. | 这里的人是不求人的 |
[1:05:29] | You want to help me wash my buckets? | 你想帮我洗桶子吗 |
[1:05:32] | You want to be a helpful person, that’s okay. | 你想当有用的人 没关系 |
[1:05:35] | But I know why you’re here. | 但我知道你为什么过来 |
[1:05:37] | You want my sons to run a race. | 你想要我儿子参加赛跑 |
[1:05:40] | Mr. White, | 怀特先生… |
[1:05:42] | your sport is like a TV. It’s not essential. | 你的越野赛跑就像电视 是非必需品 |
[1:05:46] | Each hour that my boys train with you | 我儿子和你受训一小时 |
[1:05:49] | is one hour they do not work with me. | 和我工作的时间就少掉一小时 |
[1:05:52] | That’s food off our table. | 那会让我们赔钱 |
[1:05:54] | I don’t expect a man like you to understand. | 我不期待你这种人了解 |
[1:06:21] | Blanco? | 白哥 |
[1:06:24] | What are you doing here? | 你来做什么 |
[1:06:25] | You know you’re white, right? | 你知道你是白人吧 |
[1:06:34] | You sure about this? | 你确定吗 |
[1:06:35] | Yeah, don’t white people mow their lawns on Saturday? | 对 星期六 白人不是要割草坪吗 |
[1:06:39] | I haven’t got a lawn. | 我没有草坪 |
[1:06:41] | What are we doing? | 今天要做什么 |
[1:06:43] | You’re not gonna like it. | 你不会喜欢的 |
[1:06:47] | Blanco? | 白哥 |
[1:06:49] | Now you just gotta lean it over | 现在你要弯下身… |
[1:06:52] | and cut. | 然后割掉 |
[1:06:53] | Take off the outer leaves and turn it over. | 把外层的叶子剥掉 翻过来 |
[1:06:56] | This will be your row, okay? | 这排你负责 好吗 |
[1:06:59] | Keep your knees bent or it’ll hurt your back. | 膝盖要弯才不会伤到背 |
[1:07:03] | You okay, Blanco? | 你可以吗 白哥 |
[1:07:07] | You guys do this all day? | 你们割菜要割整天吗 |
[1:07:11] | Yeah. | 对 |
[1:07:12] | Get this field done, maybe start on another one. | 这个菜圃收割完了 就换另一个菜圃 |
[1:07:17] | You get paid by the hour? | 你是拿时薪吗 |
[1:07:19] | Not by the hour, by the field. | 不是以小时算 是以田地算 |
[1:07:22] | The faster we get this one done, the more our father makes. | 我们收割地越快 爸爸赚的钱越多 |
[1:07:26] | By the field? | 以田地算 |
[1:07:35] | Hey, Damacio, how old were you guys when you started | 达马修 你们几岁开始… |
[1:07:38] | working for your dad? | 帮爸爸做事 |
[1:07:40] | 10? 11? | 10岁 11岁 |
[1:07:43] | Is that even legal? | 那合法吗 |
[1:07:45] | Strawberries, it is. And potatoes. | 采收草莓和马铃薯是合法的 |
[1:07:48] | Other crops, you gotta be 12. | 其他作物要12岁 |
[1:07:50] | I remember, first day I started, | 我记得我开始的第一天 做一小时就不想做… |
[1:07:51] | I wanted to quit after the first hour because it was so hard. | 因为太辛苦了 |
[1:07:54] | Cried like a baby. | 放声大哭 |
[1:07:55] | Yeah, I know how you feel. | 对 我懂你的心情 |
[1:07:59] | You wanna quit, Blanco? | 你不想做吗 白哥 |
[1:08:03] | What do you think? | 你认为呢 |
[1:08:52] | Blanco? | 白哥 |
[1:08:54] | I’m sorry, it’s my back. | 抱歉 我的背很痛 |
[1:08:56] | I know, I know. Just lie down. | 我知道 快躺下 |
[1:08:58] | Face down. Come on. | 脸朝下 快点 |
[1:09:03] | Yeah. It’s okay. | 对 没事的 |
[1:09:09] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[1:09:11] | You just gotta do this every few hours when you first start. | 一开始每隔几小时就要休息 |
[1:09:13] | Your body’s not used to it. | 你的身体不适应 |
[1:09:42] | Okay, listen, guys. I get it. | 大家听好 我懂了 |
[1:09:45] | Your father needs you. All right, so this is… | 你们的爸爸需要你们 所以这… |
[1:09:49] | Thank you. This is what we do. | 谢谢 这样好了 |
[1:09:51] | On days you have to pick late, we practice later. | 你们得采收到很晚时 我们就挪后练习 |
[1:09:55] | All right? And the days we have meets, you pick extra early | 我们有比赛时 你们就提早采收… |
[1:09:58] | and you still make your dad’s quota. | 还是能满足你爸的配额 |
[1:10:01] | I’ll pick with you if I have to. | 必要的话我会帮你们采收 |
[1:10:03] | Only if you have to though, right, Coach? | 万不得已才做 好吗 教练 |
[1:10:05] | Because you don’t look too good right now. | 因为你现在脸色惨白 |
[1:10:09] | Coach? You sure about that? | “教练”你确定吗 |
[1:10:12] | Not “Blanco”? Not “White”? | 不叫”白哥”或”怀特” |
[1:10:14] | Not “homes”? | 不叫”老乡” |
[1:10:18] | No. Coach. | 对 教练 |
[1:10:20] | Coach. Good. | 教练 很好 |
[1:10:23] | What are you eating there? | 你在吃什么 |
[1:10:24] | Tacos. You want one? | 玉米饼 要吃吗 |
[1:10:25] | No, give me two. | 给我两个 |
[1:10:28] | I’m just saving you, Danny. | 我在帮你减肥 丹尼 |
[1:11:10] | Can you pass me another one, sweetheart? | 你能再拿个给我吗 |
[1:11:11] | Yep. | 好 |
[1:11:15] | Got it, got it. | 她懂了 |
[1:11:20] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[1:11:22] | Tamale sale. | 玉米粽拍卖 |
[1:11:23] | – And car wash. – Team fundraiser. | -还有洗车 -越野队募款活动 |
[1:11:24] | This afternoon. | 今天下午 |
[1:11:27] | – Can You help me with this, babe? – Yeah. | -你能帮我吗 宝贝 -好 |
[1:11:29] | My boys running for you, they need new uniforms, | 我儿子为你赛跑 他们需要新制服和好跑鞋 |
[1:11:32] | and better shoes. Why you buy them the cheap shoes? | 你为什么买便宜鞋子 |
[1:11:34] | You’re not proud of them? | 不以他们为荣吗 |
[1:11:36] | You are a good man and so I helping you. | 你是好人 所以我要帮你 |
[1:11:39] | Okay, now go shower. | 好 快去洗澡 |
[1:11:46] | Chicken, chicken, chicken, chicken! | 鸡肉 鸡肉 鸡肉 鸡肉 |
[1:11:49] | And how many tickets did you say your mama sold? | 你说你妈妈卖掉几张票 |
[1:11:51] | You better hope only half of them show up. | 你最好希望一半的人会来 |
[1:12:06] | Well, let’s get our buckets, guys. | 大家去拿水桶 |
[1:12:29] | – Hey, Cheryl! Hi, honey. – Lupe! | -雪儿 你好 -露佩 |
[1:12:31] | How you been? | 你好吗 |
[1:12:32] | I’m so good. How are you? | 我很好 你呢 |
[1:12:35] | Do you remember my boyfriend, Javi? | 你记得我男友哈维吗 |
[1:12:36] | – Yes. Javi, how are you? – Hey, Good to see you. | -记得 哈维 你好吗 -幸会 |
[1:12:38] | This is my husband, Jim. | 这是我先生吉姆 |
[1:12:40] | – What’s up? Javier. Javi. – Hello. | -你好吗 我是哈维 -你好 |
[1:12:44] | Yeah, my sister’s boy is on your team. Victor. | 我妹妹的儿子在你的越野队 维多 |
[1:12:47] | You know, Javi, I think I owe you an apology. | 哈维 我欠你一个道歉 |
[1:12:51] | That first night we were here, on that Friday night, I saw you… | 我们抵达的第一晚 那个星期五夜晚 我看见你… |
[1:12:54] | And your cars and I thought you were… | 还有你的车 我以为你是… |
[1:12:56] | Gangbangers? | 流氓吗 |
[1:13:00] | Maybe once upon a time, homes. | 也许从前是 老乡 |
[1:13:03] | We’re just a car club, man. | 我们只是改装车俱乐部 |
[1:13:05] | Look at these cars, man. They’re our babies. | 看看这些车 都是我们的宝贝 |
[1:13:08] | We wouldn’t wanna put them in danger. | 我们可不想让爱车有危险 |
[1:13:10] | Plus, man… | 况且… |
[1:13:11] | If we commit a crime, what’s the first thing | 如果我们犯罪 |
[1:13:12] | the witness is gonna notice? | 目击者最先会注意什么 |
[1:13:14] | The paint job. | 车身烤漆 |
[1:13:17] | Hey, Victor. | 维多 |
[1:13:19] | You’re gonna mess up the paint job, homes. | 你会把烤漆弄花 老乡 |
[1:13:21] | Hey, don’t scratch my face, ese. | 别刮伤我的脸 大哥 |
[1:13:23] | Look, look. | 你看 |
[1:13:25] | Lupe! Beautiful! | 露佩 好美 |
[1:13:27] | Jim, you gotta see this. You’ve got to see this. | 吉姆 你得来看看 |
[1:13:29] | – Come on, Come on. – Check it out. | -快点 -请看 |
[1:13:33] | Do you like it? | 你喜欢吗 |
[1:13:37] | Yes. | 喜欢 |
[1:13:39] | He appreciates me. | 他珍惜我 |
[1:13:45] | Oh, boy. | 天啊 |
[1:13:46] | I wish you appreciated me more like that. | 真希望你像那样珍惜我 |
[1:14:07] | What you got your nose in, Coach? | 你在看什么 教练 |
[1:14:09] | “The McFarland Cougars are making an impression. | “麦克法兰美洲狮 让人刮目相看” |
[1:14:12] | It started with a stunning upset, beating Clovis High,” | “以黑马之姿 击败克洛维斯高中” |
[1:14:14] | “but then consecutive victories over Yosemite and Morro Bay | “然后接连力克优胜美地和摩罗湾的获胜” |
[1:14:18] | left the racing community and everyone else asking the question,” | “让赛跑界和所有人不禁纳闷” |
[1:14:21] | Just where did these McFarland runners come from?’ | “这些麦克法兰赛跑选手 从哪儿窜起的” |
[1:14:25] | Some good news for a change. | 真是好消息 |
[1:14:27] | You said it. | 说得对 |
[1:14:31] | Jim, you have a minute? | 吉姆 你有空吗 |
[1:14:34] | Listen to this. It’s from Jose Cardenas. | 听听这篇作文 是荷西卡登纳斯写的 |
[1:14:37] | “We fly like blackbirds through the orange groves, | “我们像黑鸟般飞翔 飞越柑橘树林” |
[1:14:40] | floating on a warm wind.” | “乘着暖风展翅高飞” |
[1:14:41] | “When we run, we own the earth. | “我们赛跑时 仿佛是地球的主宰” |
[1:14:44] | The land is ours. We speak the birds’ language.” | “土地是我们的 我们听得懂鸟语” |
[1:14:48] | “Not immigrants no more. | “不再是移民” |
[1:14:51] | Not stupid Mexicans.” | “不再是愚蠢的墨西哥人” |
[1:14:54] | “When we run, our spirits fly. | “我们赛跑时 灵魂仿佛飞上天空” |
[1:14:56] | We speak to the gods.” | “和诸神沟通” |
[1:14:59] | When we run, we are the gods. | “我们赛跑时 仿佛是诸神” |
[1:15:05] | It’s good work, White. | 做得好 怀特 |
[1:15:10] | Yeah. Jose is a good kid. | 对 荷西是好孩子 |
[1:15:14] | I don’t mean Jose. | 我不是指荷西 |
[1:15:18] | Welcome to McFarland, Blanco. | 欢迎来到麦克法兰 白哥 |
[1:15:52] | You know the way I used to coach, | 你知道我从前的训练方式… |
[1:15:55] | I’d take soft kids and kick their butts till they toughened up. | 我会专挑弱选手 魔鬼训练到他们变坚强 |
[1:16:01] | You think that’s funny? | 好笑吗 |
[1:16:02] | You beating up some white kids, White? | 你会打白人小孩 怀特 |
[1:16:04] | I think that’s funny. | 真好笑 |
[1:16:07] | You know, I don’t know if you know, | 不晓得你知不知道… |
[1:16:10] | but if we keep going the way we’re going, | 但如果我们继续保持胜绩… |
[1:16:13] | you guys have a chance to qualify for State. | 你们有机会晋级州锦标赛 |
[1:16:16] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[1:16:17] | Yeah, really. | 真的 |
[1:16:19] | But it doesn’t matter what I think, okay? I can’t do it for you. | 但我的想法无关紧要 我无法帮你们比赛 |
[1:16:23] | And I don’t have to be the one to tell you | 也不用我来告诉你们 |
[1:16:24] | that the odds are stacked against you. | 你们的胜算不高 |
[1:16:26] | But if you… | 但如果你们… |
[1:16:28] | If you believe in yourselves and maybe more importantly, | 如果你相信自己也许很重要 |
[1:16:30] | you find a way to believe in each other, in your teammates, | 更重要的是想办法相信彼此 相信队友… |
[1:16:34] | it won’t matter what anyone else thinks. | 别人怎么想都不重要 |
[1:16:38] | That’s the beauty of sports. | 那就是运动的美妙 |
[1:16:40] | We don’t practice to lose, homes. | 我们誓在必赢 老乡 |
[1:16:42] | I mean, Coach. | 我是认真的 教练 |
[1:16:52] | You don’t eat the produce, Coach. | 不能吃农产品 教练 |
[1:16:53] | What? | 什么 |
[1:16:54] | You don’t eat the produce. | 不能吃采收的农产品 |
[1:16:56] | First rule of picking, you eat it, you’re fired. | 采收的第一条规矩 偷吃就会被开除 |
[1:17:02] | God, I’m sorry, guys. I didn’t… | 天啊 抱歉 我不知道… |
[1:17:11] | All of you, dead. | 你们都死定了 |
[1:17:19] | Come on, White! | 快点 怀特 |
[1:17:24] | When we… | 我们… |
[1:17:26] | When we qualify, your world can start to look very different. | 我们晋级后 你们的世界会截然不同 |
[1:17:29] | Coach, don’t you mean “if’? | 教练 应该说”如果”吧 |
[1:17:31] | No, I mean “when.” | 不是 我很肯定 |
[1:17:33] | All right, so start thinking about what college | 所以开始思考 |
[1:17:35] | you’re gonna apply to. | 你们要申请哪所大学吧 |
[1:17:36] | Cal Poly’s got… | 加州理大有… |
[1:17:38] | Agriculture, crop science, | 农业系 作物科学系… |
[1:17:41] | viticulture. | 葡萄栽培系 |
[1:17:43] | I wouldn’t be surprised if you kids knew half that stuff already. | 如果你们早就略知一二 我不会意外 |
[1:17:47] | Think about it, guys. | 你们好好考虑 |
[1:17:48] | Cal Poly’s only a few hours from here. All right. | 加州理大离这里只有几小时 |
[1:17:51] | You can still help your parents out on the weekend, but if you get a degree… | 周末还能帮忙父母采收… |
[1:17:55] | You get a degree, | 但如果你拿到学位… |
[1:17:56] | and you have to read it to get a degree… | 要努力用功才能拿到学位 |
[1:17:59] | You’re gonna be able to help them out a lot more | 就能帮父母赚更多钱… |
[1:18:00] | than the money you make out in the fields. All right? | 比在田地采收赚的钱更多 好吗 |
[1:18:04] | Right? | 懂吗 |
[1:18:10] | Things are going really well for me. Coach thinks we can make it to finals. | 事情很顺利 教练认为我们能晋级决赛 |
[1:18:16] | Maybe… | 也许… |
[1:18:18] | I can get into college. | 我能上大学 |
[1:18:21] | College? | 大学 |
[1:18:26] | You know what… | 劝你… |
[1:18:29] | Take your face out of those books. | 别再读书了 |
[1:18:33] | They’re going to ruin your eyes. | 读书会伤害视力 |
[1:18:43] | Nobody ever needed a book in the fields. | 田地人家不需要课本 |
[1:19:46] | How big? | 山有多高 |
[1:19:50] | I told you 20 times, Danny, very. All right? | 我告诉你很多次了 丹尼 非常高 好吗 |
[1:19:54] | Don’t worry. That’s why we trained. | 放心 那是训练的目的 |
[1:19:58] | I know, but how big? | 我知道 但有多高 |
[1:20:05] | That big. | 那么高 |
[1:20:12] | Take a good look, guys, | 大家看好了… |
[1:20:14] | because this is where we qualify for State. | 因为这里是 我们晋级州锦标赛的地方 |
[1:20:17] | All we gotta do is be in the top four. | 我们只要挤进前四名 |
[1:20:20] | That’s it. | 就能晋级 |
[1:20:30] | Hey. | 你好 |
[1:20:33] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[1:20:35] | Team to watch. | 拭目以待的队伍 |
[1:20:37] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:20:38] | And coach to watch. | 还有拭目以待的教练 |
[1:20:42] | Palo Alto’s got its eye on you. | 帕罗奥托已经注意到你 |
[1:20:47] | There could be something coming up, if you’re interested. | 如果你有兴趣 很可能有机会跳槽 |
[1:20:49] | Coaches, you have three minutes. | 教练们 你们有三分钟 |
[1:20:54] | Thanks. Good luck out there. | 谢谢 祝比赛顺利 |
[1:20:56] | You, too, Coach. | 你也是 教练 |
[1:21:00] | Okay. Come on. | 快点 -请看 |
[1:21:02] | Everybody, get in here. Come on. | 大家集合 |
[1:21:06] | Danny, quit looking at the mountain. | 丹尼 别再看山了 |
[1:21:09] | It’s not going away and neither are you. | 山不会跑掉 你也不能落跑 |
[1:21:11] | You’re gonna be all right. | 你没问题的 |
[1:21:12] | I’ve seen you out in the fields. | 我看过你的表现 |
[1:21:15] | You’re an ox. | 你很刻苦耐劳 |
[1:21:18] | So when you’re in pain out there on this mountain, | 当你们在山上跑得很痛苦… |
[1:21:20] | I want you to remember, so is the guy next to you, | 我要你们记住 你们旁边的人也一样… |
[1:21:22] | and the guy in front of you. | 你们前面的人也一样 |
[1:21:24] | This is gonna come down to which runners can handle the pain. | 哪个选手能撑过痛苦就会获胜 |
[1:21:27] | So I want you to look at them, | 我要你们看着他们 |
[1:21:29] | and I want you to look at each other and ask yourself, | 然后看着彼此 扪心自问 |
[1:21:32] | Who’s tougher? | 谁比较强 |
[1:21:36] | My money’s on you. | 我相信你们比较强 |
[1:21:38] | Call it, Danny. | 队呼 丹尼 |
[1:21:43] | 1 2 3 Uno, dos, tres. | |
[1:21:45] | – McFarland! – Come on. | -麦克法兰 -加油 |
[1:21:46] | Runners, on your mark. | 选手们 各就各位 |
[1:21:47] | Okay, let’s go. | 好 开始了 |
[1:21:52] | Nice shorts, dude. | 短裤很好看 |
[1:21:54] | You play golf? | 你打高尔夫球吗 |
[1:21:56] | Yeah, I do. | 对 |
[1:21:58] | This ain’t golf. | 这可不是高尔夫球 |
[1:21:59] | Set… | 预备… |
[1:23:42] | Run! Run! | 加油 |
[1:23:46] | Come on. | 加油 |
[1:23:52] | – Go! – Come on! | -加油 -加油 |
[1:23:57] | Go! | 快点 |
[1:23:59] | Come on. | 加油 你行的 |
[1:24:11] | Come on, you got it! | 跑快点 |
[1:24:13] | Push it, push it! | 我们几分 有晋级吗 |
[1:24:21] | How did we do? Did we make it? | 分数很接近 |
[1:24:23] | It’s close. | 我们在晋级边缘 |
[1:24:27] | We’re right on the edge. | 你看 |
[1:25:11] | Look at that. | 你们看 |
[1:25:14] | Look at that. You did it. | 晋级了 |
[1:25:17] | Best in California. | 加州最强 |
[1:25:20] | McFarland’s going to State, you hear that? | 麦克法兰晋级州锦标赛 听见没有 |
[1:25:23] | We’re going to State. | 我们晋级州锦标赛 |
[1:25:25] | McFarland is going to State. | 麦克法兰晋级州锦标赛 |
[1:26:07] | Hey, Coach, | 教练… |
[1:26:10] | you missed the turn. | 你开过头了 |
[1:26:12] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[1:26:28] | Hi. | 你好 |
[1:26:30] | That will be $9.50. | 门票要9元50分 |
[1:26:36] | Look, I… | 看 我… |
[1:26:39] | I got… | 我只有… |
[1:26:42] | I got five bucks, all right? | 我身上只有五元 好吗 |
[1:26:45] | I got five bucks and seven kids back there, | 我有五元 后座有七个孩子… |
[1:26:47] | that have never seen the ocean. | 他们从没看过大海 |
[1:26:54] | – Keep it. – are You sure? | -算了 -你确定 |
[1:26:56] | Keep it. | 算了 |
[1:26:58] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:27:31] | Well, go on. | 去吧 |
[1:27:35] | Get in there. | 冲向大海 |
[1:27:36] | Yeah, let’s go, guys! | 好 大家冲啊 |
[1:27:49] | – Yeah! – Yeah! | -耶 -耶 |
[1:27:54] | We’re going to State! | 好爽 |
[1:27:56] | Yeah! | 我们晋级了 |
[1:28:10] | Okay, no, just stay. No moving. No moving. | 站好 别乱动 |
[1:28:18] | Okay. McFarland Cougars! | 好 麦克法兰美洲狮 |
[1:28:29] | That’s fantastic. | 太棒了 |
[1:28:33] | Wow. | 天啊 |
[1:28:41] | Does Cougars look like it’s spelled right to you? | 美洲狮没有拼错吧 |
[1:28:45] | You tell her and we kill you, man. | 你敢告诉她就死定了 |
[1:28:47] | Danny! | 丹尼 |
[1:28:52] | Yay! | 耶 |
[1:29:00] | I see David! | 大卫 |
[1:29:03] | Damacio! | 达马修 |
[1:29:07] | Okay, foto. Ven. | 好 一起拍照 |
[1:29:10] | No. No, don’t say to me “no.” Come on. | 不准拒绝我 快点 |
[1:29:13] | Okay. Cougars, one, two, three. | 好 美洲狮 一 二 三 |
[1:29:17] | Cougars! | 美洲狮 |
[1:29:19] | Okay. | 很好 |
[1:29:27] | My family. | 我的家人 |
[1:29:28] | You must be very proud. | 你肯定很骄傲 |
[1:29:32] | How old are your daughters, Señor Blanco? | 你女儿几岁了 白哥先生 |
[1:29:36] | Jamie’s 10 and Julie just turned 15. | 洁美10岁 茱莉刚满15岁 |
[1:29:41] | When is her quinceañera? | 她的成年礼是何时 |
[1:29:44] | What? | 什么 |
[1:29:53] | I’m gonna put it in the front window. | 我要挂在店面窗户 |
[1:29:55] | Can you imagine if we beat the whole damn state? | 你能想像 如果我们击败全州夺冠吗 |
[1:29:58] | I might actually have to close the store for a day. | 我也许得关店一天 |
[1:30:00] | First time in 25 years. | 25年来头一遭 |
[1:30:02] | Sammy, I think… | 山米 |
[1:30:06] | I think I’m gonna need your help with something. | 我需要你帮忙 |
[1:30:10] | Come on, guys, gotta go. Come on. | 快点 要走了 |
[1:30:12] | You’ll be late. | 你们会迟到 |
[1:30:13] | Made the appointment for 4:00. | 我预约四点 |
[1:30:16] | Why are you doing this? | 你为什么这样做 |
[1:30:18] | I appreciate you. Can’t a man show a little appreciation? | 我珍惜你 男人不能珍惜女人吗 |
[1:30:23] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:30:33] | We got three hours. | 我们有三小时 |
[1:30:39] | Okay. So… | 好 |
[1:30:42] | I guess we move this picnic table | 要把这张野餐桌… |
[1:30:45] | over here, right? | 搬到这里 对吗 |
[1:30:48] | Blanco, this is gonna go a lot quicker, | 白哥 只要记住一个重点… |
[1:30:50] | if we remember one important thing. | 这会更有效率 |
[1:30:52] | – Yeah, what’s that? – We’re not the chiefs, | -什么 -我们不是酋长 |
[1:30:54] | we’re the Indians. Sit down. | 我们是印第安人 坐下 |
[1:31:06] | Can one of you move this table to the garage, | 你们把这张桌子搬到车库 |
[1:31:08] | because this is the dance floor. | 这里是舞池 |
[1:31:09] | Let me take care of that. Get up, Thomas. | 交给我 帮忙搬 汤马斯 |
[1:31:24] | – It’s so good to see you. – Come on in, my ladies. | -很高兴见到你 -请进 小姐们 |
[1:31:26] | We’re gonna make you look so beautiful! | 我们会让你们变成大美人 |
[1:31:29] | Oh, my goodness, look at this hair. | 天啊 看看这头秀发 |
[1:32:01] | Here. | 送给你 |
[1:32:06] | What is it? What is it? | 礼物是什么 |
[1:32:08] | Oh, my gosh. | 天啊 |
[1:32:25] | It’s called a quinceañera. | 这叫成年礼 |
[1:32:53] | – give me That drink. – All right. | -给我那酒 -好的 |
[1:32:57] | Señoras y señores, Miss Julie White. | 各位先生女士 欢迎茱莉怀特小姐 |
[1:33:17] | Pretty. | 好漂亮 |
[1:33:32] | Time to talk, Papacito. | 该你致词了 爸爸 |
[1:33:41] | First, I’d like to thank the Rosaldo family, | 首先我想感谢罗萨多家… |
[1:33:44] | who were so kind to help me put this together. | 他们很好心 帮我安排这次的派对 |
[1:33:49] | And to everyone here | 还要感谢在场所有人 |
[1:33:51] | who have been so generous to us along the way. | 一直以来对我们的照顾 |
[1:33:58] | And muchos gracias for helping me to understand | 非常感谢大家帮助我了解… |
[1:34:01] | what a quinceañera means, | 成年礼的意义… |
[1:34:06] | and why this night is so important. | 还有今晚如此重要的原因 |
[1:34:08] | Because it means, | 因为今晚的意义是… |
[1:34:10] | our daughter’s turning from this young girl | 我们的女儿从少女蜕变成… |
[1:34:13] | to a beautiful woman. | 美丽的女人 |
[1:34:19] | I don’t know if Julie knows | 不晓得茱莉知不知道… |
[1:34:20] | how much I’ve struggled with this, | 我内心的挣扎… |
[1:34:24] | but tonight I celebrate it. | 但今晚我为你庆祝 |
[1:34:27] | I hope you know how much you mean to me, and how | 希望你明白你对我有多重要 还有… |
[1:34:30] | being your dad and Jamie’s, | 身为你和洁美的爸爸… |
[1:34:32] | makes me prouder than you’ll ever know. | 让我很骄傲 |
[1:34:37] | And how I hope to one day | 很希望有朝一日… |
[1:34:40] | make you proud, too. | 我也会让你骄傲 |
[1:34:47] | As proud… | 就像这些孩子… |
[1:34:49] | As proud as these kids are of their parents. | 以他们的父母为荣 |
[1:34:52] | So, now I guess I get to ask you to dance. | 现在我该请你跳舞了 |
[1:34:57] | And… | 然后… |
[1:34:59] | And apparently, you’re not allowed to say no. | 当然你不能拒绝 |
[1:35:08] | Thank you, Dad. | 谢谢 爸 |
[1:35:16] | You look so beautiful. | 你好美 |
[1:35:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:35:40] | Julie? | 茱莉 |
[1:35:43] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[1:36:04] | My grandmother made it. | 我奶奶亲手做的 |
[1:36:10] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[1:36:14] | Here, would you? | 请你帮我戴上 |
[1:36:15] | Yeah. | 好 |
[1:36:25] | Are you ready? | 好了吗 |
[1:36:28] | For what? | 做什么 |
[1:36:29] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[1:36:42] | Relax, Blanco. This is what we do. | 别紧张 白哥 这是我们的传统 |
[1:36:45] | We take the birthday girl on parade. | 开车载寿星女孩去兜风 |
[1:36:47] | Dad, can I? | 爸 可以吗 |
[1:36:50] | You got her? | 你会照顾她吗 |
[1:36:52] | I got her. | 没问题 |
[1:36:56] | You’ll go slow, right? | 你会慢慢开吧 |
[1:36:58] | It’s the only way we go, brother. | 我们只会那样开 兄弟 |
[1:37:00] | Low and slow. | 又低又慢 |
[1:37:05] | All right. | 好吧 |
[1:37:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:37:15] | Let’s go. | 出发吧 |
[1:37:19] | You look beautiful! | 你真美 |
[1:37:21] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. | -谢谢 -不客气 |
[1:37:31] | Bye! | 再见 |
[1:37:44] | Thanks for driving, Javi. | 谢谢你当司机 哈维 |
[1:38:00] | Wow, thank you so much! | 非常谢谢 |
[1:38:16] | Javi. | 哈维 |
[1:38:25] | My God, Javi, why won’t they leave you in peace? | 天啊 哈维 他们为什么不放过你 |
[1:38:30] | It was so amazing. So amazing. | 太棒了 |
[1:38:37] | Get it, please? | 请你接电话 |
[1:38:40] | Quinceañera headquarters. | 成年礼总部 |
[1:38:45] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[1:38:50] | Get the keys. | 拿车钥匙 |
[1:38:51] | Why? | 为什么 |
[1:38:54] | There. | 那里 |
[1:38:55] | No, please. Dear God, no. | 求求你 老天爷 不要 |
[1:38:57] | That doesn’t mean anything yet, honey. | 别吓自己 宝贝 |
[1:39:00] | Baby… Please, please, please. | 求求你 |
[1:39:08] | Julie! | 茱莉 |
[1:39:09] | Julie, oh, baby! | 茱莉 宝贝 |
[1:39:11] | Oh, baby. | 亲爱的 |
[1:39:12] | Julie, sweetheart. | 茱莉 亲爱的 |
[1:39:14] | Mom, I’m okay. | 妈 我没事 |
[1:39:15] | Please, is she okay? | 她没事吧 |
[1:39:17] | Stay calm, miss. | 请冷静 太太 |
[1:39:18] | – I fell. – I know, I know. | -我看到…-我知道 |
[1:39:20] | This car came out of nowhere… | 这辆车突然冲出来… |
[1:39:22] | Then this other car came. | 然后出现另一辆车 |
[1:39:24] | And then some guys got out and everyone was yelling, | 接着有几个人下车 大家尖叫四起… |
[1:39:26] | and there was all this blood. | 满地都是鲜血 |
[1:39:29] | – They had knives. – It’s okay. | -他们有刀子 -没事了 |
[1:39:31] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 -怎么回事 |
[1:39:33] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[1:39:34] | What happened? You said you had her! | 你说会照顾她 |
[1:39:36] | You said she was safe! | 还说会保护她 |
[1:39:38] | I trusted you. | 我居然相信你 |
[1:39:40] | I trusted you with my daughter. | 我放心把女儿交给你 |
[1:39:42] | She was safe. | 她没事 |
[1:39:43] | Maybe you ought to ask her just how safe she was. | 也许你该问问她 她当时有多安全 |
[1:40:07] | She wasn’t hurt, Jim. | 她没有受伤 吉姆 |
[1:40:09] | She’s all right. She’s gonna be fine. | 只是受惊吓 她没事的 |
[1:40:10] | Fine? No. | 没事 才怪 |
[1:40:13] | Not fine. | 那不叫没事 |
[1:40:14] | Not fine at all. It was a bloodbath! | 事情很严重 那是血腥杀人 |
[1:40:16] | Half a mile away from our home with our daughter! | 离我们家只有八百公尺 女儿亲眼目睹 |
[1:40:21] | Not fine. | 一点也不好 |
[1:40:52] | Mom. | 妈 |
[1:40:55] | Hi, baby. Come here. | 宝贝 过来 |
[1:40:59] | How are you feeling? | 感觉怎样 |
[1:41:01] | Fine. | 很好 |
[1:41:05] | Where’s Dad? | 爸呢 |
[1:41:28] | Good morning, Jim. | 早安 吉姆 幸会 |
[1:41:29] | Good to see ya. Thanks for coming. | 谢谢你过来 |
[1:41:40] | – Hey. – Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[1:41:42] | How’d it go? | 面试得怎样 |
[1:41:48] | They offered me a full-time position. | 他们提供我全职教职 |
[1:41:50] | Cross country and track. | 兼任越野和田径教练 |
[1:41:53] | It’s a state-of-the-art facility. I’d be head of the program. | 设备是最先进的 我会担任计划主任 |
[1:41:57] | Gonna take it? | 你要接受吗 |
[1:42:02] | I don’t know. Where are the girls? | 还没决定 女儿呢 |
[1:42:04] | Jamie’s in her bedroom and Julie’s with Sonia, upset. | 洁美在房间 茱莉很难过 去找桑妮亚了 |
[1:42:09] | Does she know? | 她知道吗 |
[1:42:11] | She knows where you went. | 她知道你去了哪里 |
[1:42:33] | Julie. | 茱莉 |
[1:42:36] | Julie. | 茱莉 |
[1:42:41] | Get in the car, please. | 请上车 |
[1:42:57] | Were you even gonna tell us? | 你打算告诉我们吗 |
[1:43:00] | Or were you just gonna watch us compete at State | 还是你只打算带我们完成 州锦标赛后就离开… |
[1:43:01] | then run off into the sunset with those country club kids? | 去教乡村俱乐部的学生 |
[1:43:06] | Were you even gonna say adiós, Blanco? | 你会不告而别吗 白哥 |
[1:43:08] | – Thomas, listen to me. – No. | -汤马斯 听我说 -不要 |
[1:43:11] | All right, I get it. | 好 我懂 |
[1:43:12] | We all get it. | 我们都懂 |
[1:43:15] | This is America, right? | 这是美国 对吗 |
[1:43:17] | You gotta go bigger. | 你得努力过好日子 |
[1:43:19] | Find a nicer place. | 找间更好的豪宅 |
[1:43:21] | Better pay… | 更高的薪水… |
[1:43:24] | With better everything. | 人往高处去 |
[1:43:27] | Everyone is always gonna go for the better everything. | 人往高处去 水往低处流 |
[1:43:30] | And that’s why no one stays in McFarland | 走投无路的人 |
[1:43:32] | unless they have to. | 才会留在麦克法兰 |
[1:43:36] | Because there ain’t nothing “American dream” about this place. | 因为这个地方没有美国梦 |
[1:43:49] | It feels like everything we’ve ever wanted. | 那是我们梦寐以求的职务 |
[1:43:52] | Everything we’ve ever talked about. | 也是我们讨论过的梦想 |
[1:43:53] | You know, big house, | 豪宅… |
[1:43:55] | financial security, | 经济有保障… |
[1:43:58] | great school for the kids, nice neighborhood. | 适合女儿的优质学校 高级社区 |
[1:44:02] | Nice safe neighborhood. | 治安良好的高级社区 |
[1:44:06] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:44:10] | What do you mean you don’t know? | 什么意思 |
[1:44:12] | The owner of the corner store | 今早我开车出门时转角 |
[1:44:14] | was washing away blood from his parking lot | 看见杂货店的老板… |
[1:44:16] | when I drove out this morning. | 在刷洗他停车场的血迹 |
[1:44:19] | Jim, the owner of the store has a name, | 吉姆 那间杂货店的老板 有名有姓… |
[1:44:22] | and he’s our friend. | 他是我们的朋友 |
[1:44:26] | And you looked him in the eye two days ago | 两天前你当着他的面… |
[1:44:28] | and thanked him for everything he’s done for us. | 感谢他为我们做的所有事 |
[1:44:29] | I know. I know. | 我知道 |
[1:44:32] | But you were there. We were there. | 但你在场 我们都在场 |
[1:44:34] | Julie was… How close? | 茱莉差点就… |
[1:44:36] | This close? | 发生不幸 |
[1:44:38] | How can that not bother you? | 你怎么能不担心 |
[1:44:41] | It bothers me. | 我很担心 |
[1:44:43] | Of course it bothers me. | 我当然担心 |
[1:44:46] | But do you know how she got hurt? | 但你知道她怎么受伤的吗 |
[1:44:48] | Your team jumped in front of her. | 你的队员挡在她前面 |
[1:44:52] | They pushed her out of the way. | 他们把她推开 |
[1:44:54] | They protected her like she was their family. | 他们保护她 就像她是他们的家人 |
[1:44:57] | You think she’s gonna find that in Palo Alto? | 她在帕罗奥托 会找到保护她的人吗 |
[1:45:00] | Or anywhere else for that matter? | 或其他地方 |
[1:45:02] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:45:09] | It’s your decision, okay? | 那是你的决定 好吗 |
[1:45:14] | And I know it’s hard. | 我知道难以决定 |
[1:45:18] | But, please don’t just let this be about our safety. | 但求你别只考虑我们的安全 |
[1:45:24] | Because nowhere I’ve ever lived has ever felt this much like home. | 因为我住过的地方 没有像这里这么有家的感觉 |
[1:45:33] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:45:38] | Coach! Coach! Coach! | 教练 教练 |
[1:45:45] | Yeah! | 好耶 |
[1:45:46] | Cougars! Cougars! Cougars! | 美洲狮 美洲狮 |
[1:45:49] | It’s for you! | 献给你的欢呼 |
[1:45:54] | Good luck! | 祝好运 |
[1:45:56] | Coach! Coach! Coach! | 教练 教练 |
[1:46:04] | Bring it home, Jim. | 把冠军抱回家 吉姆 |
[1:46:07] | Make us proud, Coach! | 让我们骄傲 教练 |
[1:46:20] | Why are you even here? | 你为什么还来 |
[1:46:22] | All right, we don’t need you to coach. | 我们不需要你当教练 |
[1:46:26] | Rules say you can’t run without a coach. | 比赛规则规定 没有教练的队伍不得参赛 |
[1:46:29] | You forfeit the race. | 丧失比赛资格 |
[1:46:30] | So if you still wanna run, Thomas, | 如果你还想参赛 汤马斯… |
[1:46:33] | you’re gonna need to take a seat. | 最好乖乖上车 |
[1:47:00] | Great day! | 好日子 |
[1:47:35] | I think he’s over there. Right there. | 我想他在那里 在那里 |
[1:48:34] | Check. Mic check. | 麦克风试音 试音 |
[1:48:36] | Testing, testing! | 试音 试音 |
[1:48:40] | All right, guys. Here we go. | 好了 各位 开始了 |
[1:48:43] | Check, check, check. | 试音 试音 |
[1:48:45] | How’s that? | 怎么样 |
[1:48:59] | Please rise for the singing of the national anthem. | 请全体起立唱国歌 |
[1:49:04] | Oh, say can you see… | 哦 你可看见 |
[1:49:05] | Up. | 起立 |
[1:49:07] | By the dawn’s early light | 透过一线曙光 |
[1:49:12] | What so proudly we hailed | 我们对着什么发出欢呼的声浪 |
[1:49:16] | At the twilight’s last gleaming | 谁的阔条明星 |
[1:49:21] | Whose broad stripes and bright stars | 冒着一夜炮火 |
[1:49:25] | Through the perilous fight | 依然迎风招展 |
[1:49:30] | O’er the ramparts we watched | 在我军碉堡上 |
[1:49:34] | Were so gallantly streaming | 火箭闪闪发光 |
[1:49:39] | And the rocket’s red glare | 勇士 |
[1:50:17] | and the home of the brave | 的家乡 |
[1:50:34] | Coaches, you have three minutes. | 教练们 你们有三分钟 |
[1:50:37] | All right, everybody, gather around. | 好 大家集合 |
[1:50:40] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[1:50:41] | I want you to look around. | 我要你们看看四周 |
[1:50:44] | Best in the state, right? | 加州最强的选手 对吗 |
[1:50:46] | Every team that’s here deserves to be, | 这里每队都是实至名归… |
[1:50:49] | including you. | 包括你们 |
[1:50:51] | But they haven’t got what you got. All right? | 但他们没有你们的实力 懂吗 |
[1:50:54] | They don’t get up at dawn like you and go to work in the fields. | 他们没有像你们 大清早起床到田地做事 |
[1:50:57] | Right? | 对吗 |
[1:50:59] | They don’t go to school all day and then go back to those same fields. | 他们上完整天课后 也没有回到田地做事 |
[1:51:03] | That’s what you do. | 那是你们做的事 |
[1:51:05] | And then you come out with me and you run 8 miles, 10 miles, | 然后你们接受我的训练 跑13公里 16公里… |
[1:51:09] | and you take on… | 你们忍受 |
[1:51:10] | You take on even more pain. | 你们忍受更多痛苦 |
[1:51:12] | These kids don’t do what you do. They can’t even imagine it. | 这些孩子不做你们做的事 他们甚至无法想像 |
[1:51:18] | When I went out in the field that day with you Diaz kids, | 我和狄亚兹兄弟 到田地做事的那天… |
[1:51:20] | I’ll be honest with you, it was a… | 老实说… |
[1:51:24] | It was the worst day’s work I ever had to do in my life. | 我这辈子从没那么辛苦 |
[1:51:27] | And I said to myself, “Whatever kind of crappy job I end up in, | 我安慰自己… |
[1:51:30] | it’ll never be as tough as that. | “不管我沦落到哪种烂工作 绝不会比那更惨” |
[1:51:35] | You kids do it every day. | 你们每天都在田地做事 |
[1:51:37] | And your parents hope they can do it every day, | 你们的父母希望能每天采收… |
[1:51:39] | and they’ll do it for a lifetime if it means a better life for you. | 甘愿做一辈子 让你们过更好的生活 |
[1:51:49] | You guys are super-human. | 你们是超人 |
[1:51:52] | What you endure just to be here, to get a shot at this, | 你们忍受辛苦 就是为了来这里放手一搏… |
[1:51:55] | the kind of privilege that someone like me takes for granted? | 像我这样的人 理当赢得那种殊荣 |
[1:51:59] | There’s nothing you can’t do with that kind of strength, | 拥有那种力量 什么都难不倒你们… |
[1:52:03] | with that kind of heart. | 拥有那种勇气 |
[1:52:07] | You kids have the biggest hearts I’ve ever seen. | 你们拥有我见过最大的勇气 |
[1:52:14] | Now go run your race. | 大家全力以赴 |
[1:52:17] | Thomas, you’re the captain. | 汤马斯 你是队长 |
[1:52:40] | Hey, Coach. | 教练 |
[1:52:43] | You wanna call it? | 你要队呼吗 |
[1:52:58] | Uno, dos, tres. | 一 二 三 |
[1:53:01] | McFarland! | 麦克法兰 |
[1:53:15] | Gentlemen, | 各位选手… |
[1:53:17] | your command will be “Runners, take your mark,” | 你们的指令会是”选手们 各就各位” |
[1:53:19] | followed by the pistol. | 接着鸣枪开跑 |
[1:53:22] | I will not fire the gun, | 我看见选手都站定… |
[1:53:24] | until I see that everyone is standing still | 才会鸣枪… |
[1:53:27] | with your toes behind the line. | 请勿越线 |
[1:53:31] | Good luck today, gentlemen. | 祝各位今天有好成绩 |
[1:53:34] | Runners, take your mark! | 选手们 各就各位 |
[1:54:02] | Jose, no. | 荷西 别冲 |
[1:54:04] | Jose! | 荷西 |
[1:54:13] | What’s he doing? | 他在做什么 |
[1:54:15] | Jose, back it down! | 荷西 慢下来 |
[1:54:16] | Find your pace! | 找到步调 |
[1:54:17] | Come on! Come on! Go, go, go. | 加油 加油 |
[1:54:19] | He’s too fast! He’s gonna die! | 他跑得太快 他会累死 |
[1:54:20] | Then make up for it! Make up for it! | 那跑快点补他的秒数 |
[1:54:23] | Where’s Victor? | 维多呢 |
[1:54:24] | You’re right there, Victor. You’re right there. | 快追上去了 维多 |
[1:54:26] | Damacio, stay right with him. Hold onto Victor! | 达马修 保持速度 保持维多的速度 |
[1:54:29] | Keep those legs! Let’s go! | 保持脚力 加油 |
[1:54:30] | Good, Johnny! | 很好 强尼 |
[1:54:32] | Come on, Johnny! | 加油 强尼 |
[1:54:33] | Catch that next group, Johnny. | 追上前面的选手 |
[1:54:35] | Get into that next group! | 挤进前面 |
[1:54:42] | Keep going! | 继续跑 |
[1:54:59] | Sorry, man. Sorry. | 抱歉 兄弟 |
[1:55:03] | Here they are. | 他们来了 |
[1:55:04] | Yay, McFarland! Go, guys! | 麦克法兰 大家加油 |
[1:55:06] | Come on, McFarland! | 加油 麦克法兰 |
[1:55:07] | Damacio! McFarland! | 达马修 麦克法兰 |
[1:55:12] | What’s happening, Mom? | 发生什么事 妈 |
[1:55:14] | Looks like he’s run out of gas. | 他好像没力了 |
[1:55:15] | The others will have to make up the points. | 其他选手得跑快点 |
[1:55:39] | That’s it. Pick up the pace! | 加快速度 |
[1:55:40] | Let’s go! Let’s go! Close it up! Close it up! | 追上去 |
[1:55:42] | Let’s go! Cut the distance! | 加油 缩短差距 |
[1:55:43] | You’re stretching it out! | 你在拉长差距 |
[1:55:44] | Come on! | 加油 |
[1:55:45] | 10:00 flat, Thomas! Come on! You can do it! | 10分钟整 汤马斯 加油 你做得到 |
[1:55:48] | You gotta get ahead of three guys! Come on! | 你得追过三个人 加油 |
[1:55:51] | Come on, Victor! | 加油 维多 |
[1:55:52] | Only seconds off pace! Let’s go! | 只落后几秒 快 |
[1:55:53] | Come on, Damacio! | 加油 达马修 |
[1:55:55] | Hold onto those guys! Hold onto them! | 追上那些人 追上他们 |
[1:55:57] | Lets’ go! | 快 |
[1:55:58] | Bring it up! Bring it up! | 加把劲 |
[1:56:36] | McFarland! | 麦克法兰 |
[1:56:49] | Beat him, Thomas. | 击败他 汤马斯 |
[1:57:02] | Yes! | 很好 |
[1:57:08] | Damacio, come on! There’s Damacio! | 达马修 加油 达马修 |
[1:57:13] | Yes! | 太好了 |
[1:57:17] | – Where’s Jose? – I don’t know. | -荷西呢 -不知道 |
[1:57:20] | Come on. | 加油 |
[1:57:22] | He’s more than a minute slower than his usual times. It’s… | 他花的时间比平常练习 慢了一分多钟 |
[1:57:25] | It’s not gonna be enough. | 这样没办法获胜 |
[1:57:27] | Look, David will come in next, but not for another 30 seconds. See. | 听好 接下来会是大卫 但要30秒后 |
[1:57:31] | – Coach… Coach. – Even then, it’s not gonna… | -教练…-就算那样也… |
[1:57:33] | – It’s not gonna matter unless… – Coach. | -也于事无补…-教练 |
[1:57:35] | You can do it. Yeah. | 你可以做到的 |
[1:57:40] | That’s not Danny Diaz. | 那不是丹尼狄亚兹 |
[1:57:42] | – Come on, Danny! – That’s not Danny Diaz! | -加油 丹尼 -那不是丹尼狄亚兹 |
[1:57:47] | Come on! Yeah! | 加油 耶 |
[1:58:01] | – Danny! – Danny! | -丹尼 -丹尼 |
[1:58:03] | Yeah! | 耶 |
[1:58:17] | Number five. | 第五名 |
[1:58:18] | You’re our number five runner, man! | 你是第五名选手 |
[1:58:20] | Did you picture the finish line as a donut or what? | 你把终点线想成甜甜圈吗 |
[1:58:26] | Hey… | 嘿 |
[1:58:27] | Hey, where did you come from, Diaz? | 真是真人不露相 狄亚兹 |
[1:58:29] | Where did you come from? | 你是哪所学校的 |
[1:58:31] | From McFarland, Coach. | 麦克法兰 教练 |
[1:59:14] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[1:59:31] | Ladies and gentlemen, we do apologize for the delay. | 各位先生女士 很抱歉让各位久等 |
[1:59:34] | It was a very close race and we needed to be sure. | 比赛分数很接近 我们需要再三确认 |
[1:59:37] | But we can now announce that the first ever | 但现在我们能宣布… |
[1:59:40] | California State Cross Country Champion team is… | 加州越野锦标赛首届冠军队伍是… |
[1:59:45] | McFarland! | 麦克法兰 |
[1:59:49] | The McFarland High School Cougars are the cross-country champs | 麦克法兰高中获得加州越野锦标赛 |
[1:59:52] | of the state of California. Congratulations. | 首届州冠军 恭喜 |
[1:59:59] | Boo-yah! We won! I can’t believe we won! | 太好了 我们赢了 真想不到我们赢了 |
[2:00:13] | State Champ! | 州冠军 |
[2:00:17] | McFarland! | 麦克法兰 |
[2:00:19] | McFarland, baby! | 麦克法兰 |
[2:00:20] | McFarland! | 麦克法兰 |
[2:00:35] | Danny! | 丹尼 |
[2:00:45] | Yeah! McFarland! | 麦克法兰 |
[2:01:31] | McFarland? | 麦克法兰 |
[2:01:33] | McFarland. McFarland. | 麦克法兰 麦克法兰 |
[2:01:40] | McFarland! | 麦克法兰 |
[2:01:59] | McFarland! McFarland! | 麦克法兰 麦克法兰 |