英文名称:Margin Call
年代:2011
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:35] | Is that them? | 是他们吗 |
[01:40] | Jesus Christ. Are they going to do it right here? | 天哪 他们打算在这里谈吗 |
[01:50] | Have you guys ever been through this before? | 你们见识过这场面吗 |
[01:52] | No. | 没有 |
[01:54] | It’s best to ignore it. Keep your head down go back to work. | 最好当做没发生 回去埋头工作吧 |
[01:59] | Go on. | 去吧 |
[02:06] | Don’t watch! | 别看啦 |
[02:27] | Timothy Singh? | 蒂莫西·辛格吗 |
[02:29] | Yes. | 是我 |
[02:30] | I’m afraid we have to speak with you. | 恐怕我们得谈谈 |
[02:48] | Eric Dale? | 艾瑞克·戴尔吗 |
[02:51] | – Excuse me? – Eric Dale? | -什么 -你是艾瑞克·戴尔吗 |
[02:54] | – I’m not. – Sorry? | -我不是 -什么 |
[02:56] | I’m not Eric Dale. | 我不是艾瑞克·戴尔 |
[02:58] | Oh. I’m so sorry. | 非常抱歉 |
[03:00] | He’s my boss, he’s down the hall. | 他是我老板 他在大厅那边 |
[03:03] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[03:19] | Excuse me? Mr. Dale? | 打扰下 您是戴尔先生吗 |
[03:23] | This way. | 来一下 |
[03:33] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:14] | I’m obviously sorry | 我很抱歉今天 |
[04:16] | that we are here today, | 叫你到这里来 |
[04:17] | but these are extra ordinary times as you very well must know. | 但你一定也了解这是非常时期 |
[04:22] | Look, I run risk management. | 我是负责风险管理的 |
[04:24] | I don’t really see… how that’s a natural place to start cutting jobs | 我实在不理解 裁员怎么会从我这部门裁起 |
[04:28] | We hope you understand that this is in no way personal. | 我们希望您能理解这决不是针对个人的 |
[04:30] | The majority of this floor is being let go today. | 这层楼的大部分人今天都会被辞退 |
[04:36] | Ms. Bratberg is now going to | 布莱博格女士将向您解释 |
[04:37] | run through the details of what the firm is offering. | 公司能提供的补偿方案 |
[04:41] | Ok. | 好吧 |
[04:43] | Mr. Dale, the firm is offering you | 戴尔先生 公司会提供给您 |
[04:45] | six months severance… at half your salary. | 六个月的半薪遣散费 |
[04:48] | You will keep all unvested options that you currently hold. | 您现在所持有的非归属期权可以继续保留 |
[04:51] | Health will be extended through that period. | 医疗保险在此期间也会自动延长 |
[04:53] | You have till tomorrow at… 4:47 | 这个补偿方案明天4:47前有效 |
[04:56] | to either take the offer or it will be revoked. | 过期作废 |
[05:00] | Do you understand? | 您明白了吗 |
[05:02] | – Yes. | 是的 |
[05:04] | Unfortunately Mr. Dale | 不幸的是 戴尔先生 |
[05:06] | due to the highly sensitive nature of your work here | 由于您工作的敏感性 公司出于安全考虑 |
[05:08] | the firm has to take certain precautions | 不得不采取一定的预防措施 |
[05:11] | for security purposes that may seem punitive in nature. | 可能看起来有些不近人情 |
[05:16] | I hope considering your | 考虑到您在公司 |
[05:20] | over 19 years of service to the firm | 工作了十九年多 |
[05:22] | you will understand that these measures are in no way… | 我希望你能理解公司如此考虑 |
[05:25] | a reflection of the firm’s feelings towards your performance… | 绝非针对您的工作表现 |
[05:28] | or your character. | 或个人品质 |
[05:31] | I don’t understand. | 你啥意思 |
[05:34] | She was apologizing | 她是在为接下来的事 |
[05:36] | for what’s about to happen. | 向你道歉 |
[05:38] | Your company email, access to the server, | 您的公司邮箱 服务器权限 |
[05:41] | access to the building, and your mobile data and phone service | 公司门禁 移动数据和您的电话服务 |
[05:44] | will all be severed as of this meeting. | 在这次会议结束后将会被全部停用 |
[05:47] | And… this gentleman… will take you to your office. | 这位先生 将会带您回到办公室 |
[05:51] | So, you can clear out your personal belongings. | 您可以清理下您的个人物品 |
[05:57] | What about the… what I’m currently working on? | 我手头的工作怎么办呢 |
[06:00] | I’m in the middle of something. | 我正做到一半 |
[06:01] | The firm has worked out its transition plan, | 公司已经制定了过渡方案 |
[06:04] | and is prepared to move forward. | 而且已经准备好实施了 |
[06:06] | But… we do appreciate your concern. | 但是 多谢关心 |
[06:09] | We understand that this is very difficult… and here is my card. | 我们理解这难以接受 这是我的名片 |
[06:14] | Please contact me over the next few weeks. | 接下来的几周 |
[06:15] | If you need any assistence with this transition in your life. | 如果您需要任何相关帮助 请您联系我 |
[06:24] | Sir. | 先生 |
[06:32] | Ok. | 好吧 |
[07:12] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[07:16] | – Are you still alive? – Uh huh, for now. | -你没被开吗 -恩 目前还没 |
[07:19] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[07:22] | – It’s a bloodbath. – I heard. | -这真是血洗 -听说了 |
[07:27] | Listen Eric? | 听我说 艾瑞克 |
[07:29] | If there was something I could have done… I’d have done it. | 如果我说话管用 我肯定早说了 |
[07:33] | Yeah… I know. | 我知道 |
[07:38] | Just tell me. | 告诉我 |
[07:40] | Who was it? | 谁做的决策 |
[07:44] | Was it Rogers? | 是罗吉斯吗 |
[07:45] | I’m not gonna side… you know me. | 我不会说的 你了解我 |
[07:46] | Robertson? | 罗伯逊吗 |
[07:51] | That cunt. | 这个贱人 |
[07:53] | I knew it. I never should have gone to her last year. | 我就知道 我去年就不该去找她 |
[07:55] | Look it wasn’t anyone. It was bad luck. | 其实也不能怪谁 只是世道不好 |
[07:58] | And that’s all it was. | 仅此而已 |
[07:59] | Yep. | 是的 |
[08:03] | Alright, well, good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[08:05] | Will… come here. | 威尔 过来 |
[08:11] | I was just in the middle of a lot of shit here | 我这里有一堆破事还没做完 |
[08:13] | that I think somebody need to take a look at. | 我觉得应该有人接手看看 |
[08:15] | Eric Listen. | 艾瑞克 听我说 |
[08:18] | They are telling us that | 他们说裁人就裁人 |
[08:20] | everybody needs to get out of here and just leave this. | 你就别管这档闲事了 |
[08:22] | And while we appreciate your concern, | 但我们感激你能为公司着想 |
[08:27] | but it’s not your problem anymore. | 但这跟你没关系了 |
[08:35] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[09:12] | – Eric… I am very sorry. – Yeah. | -艾瑞克 我很抱歉 -我知道 |
[09:14] | Did they say what was going to happen with us? | 他们有说我们会怎样吗 |
[09:17] | – Jesus, Seth. – What? | -说什么呢 塞思 -怎么了 |
[09:19] | It’s gonna get pretty ugly around here for a while | 最近日子会比较难熬些 |
[09:22] | but… you know… you guys will be alright. | 但你们俩会没事的 |
[09:26] | Good luck… Eric. | 好运 艾瑞克 |
[09:31] | – I’ll be seeing you around. – Alright. | -我们回头见 -好的 |
[09:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:56] | Hey… Eric. | 那个 艾瑞克 |
[09:57] | I just wanted to say thanks. | 我只是想说声感谢 |
[10:02] | – That’s not neccessary. – Well… it is. | -没有必要谢我 -有必要 |
[10:04] | – You were the person around here… that I… – I know. | -你是这里… -我知道 |
[10:12] | I was working on something. | 我手头有件事情 |
[10:15] | But they wouldn’t let me finish it. | 可他们没给我时间做完它 |
[10:16] | So… take a look at it. | 你看一下吧 |
[10:20] | Be careful. | 小心点 |
[10:55] | Robertson? | 罗伯逊 |
[10:56] | Sarah Robertson? | 萨拉·罗伯逊 |
[10:58] | Sarah? | 萨拉 |
[11:01] | You shut off my phone? | 是你把我电话停机了吗 |
[11:03] | Eric… I didn’t do anything. | 艾瑞克 我什么也没做 |
[11:06] | Fuck you! | 去死吧 |
[11:32] | It’s fucking hedious. | 真他妈不爽 |
[11:35] | It’s gonna get worse before it gets better. | 这是黎明前的黑暗 |
[11:37] | You think? | 你这么认为吗 |
[11:40] | Much. | 很有可能 |
[11:43] | You got any Nicorettes? | 你有尼克糖吗[一种含烟碱的口香糖] |
[11:46] | I’m out of Nicorettes. | 我的吃光了 |
[11:49] | Which means… in about… | 那就是说 大约再过十分钟 |
[11:51] | ten minutes. I’m gonna kill someone. | 有人就得遭殃了 |
[11:58] | You alright Sam? | 萨姆你还好吧 |
[12:00] | My dog is dying. | 我的狗快死了 |
[12:06] | I’m sorry? | 我很遗憾 |
[12:08] | Just got a phone to the vet, | 刚给兽医打过电话 |
[12:10] | it’s some fucking tumor on her liver. | 它的肝脏长了个该死的肿瘤 |
[12:13] | I must’ve paid almost a thousand bucks a day already… | 我每天花差不多一千大洋 |
[12:15] | just to keep her alive, | 也仅能吊着它的命而已 |
[12:20] | and I don’t have a fucking clue what to do about it. | 我真不知道怎么办才好了 |
[12:27] | Well they’re all gone. | 他们都走了 |
[12:30] | So? | 然后呢 |
[12:35] | How many do we have left? | 我们还剩多少人 |
[12:37] | About… Thirty-three. | 差不多 三十三人 |
[12:38] | Make sure everyone is out there… I gotta say something. | 看看大伙都在不 我去讲几句话 |
[12:42] | Yeah… I know. They are ready for you. | 都在 他们都在等你 |
[12:57] | Alright… Let’s hear it! | 大家注意 |
[13:07] | You are all still here for a reason, | 你们留下来是有理由的 |
[13:10] | eighty percent of this floor was just sent home forever. | 这层楼百分之八十的人都被解雇回家了 |
[13:14] | We have spent the last hour saying our good-byes, | 上个小时我们一直在道别 |
[13:17] | they were good people and they were good at their jobs, | 他们都是不错的人而且工作也很出色 |
[13:20] | but you all were better. | 但你们更优秀 |
[13:22] | Now they are gone. They are not to be thought of again. | 现在他们离开了 不用再想他们了 |
[13:26] | This is your opportunity. | 这是你们的机会 |
[13:29] | On every floor of this building | 这幢楼的每一层 |
[13:31] | and in every office from Hong Kong to London | 从香港到伦敦的每一间办公室里 |
[13:33] | the same thing is happening. | 情况都差不多 |
[13:35] | By the time we are done. | 到裁员结束的时候 |
[13:36] | Three of every seven guys | 和你竞争老板位置的人 |
[13:38] | who were standing between you and your boss’s job are gone. | 七个里 有三个走掉了 |
[13:44] | That is your opportunity. | 这是你们的机会 |
[13:50] | I’ve been at this place for thirty-four years. | 我已经在这工作三十四年了 |
[13:53] | And I can tell you that | 我可以告诉你们 |
[13:55] | this will not be the last time you’re gonna go through this. | 这不会是你们经历的最后一次裁员 |
[13:56] | But you are all survivors. | 但你们都是幸存者 |
[13:59] | And that is how this firm over 107 years, | 这就是这家存在了一百零七年的公司 |
[14:03] | has continued to grow stronger. | 为什么会持续发展壮大的原因 |
[14:05] | So… keep your heads high, | 昂起头 回去工作吧 |
[14:06] | and get back to work. Let’s hear it. | 我们一起加油 |
[15:01] | Everyone is going out man, you should… come on. | 大家都出去玩了 你也一起来吧 |
[15:03] | Oh… I’m cool. Thanks. | 我不去了 谢谢 |
[15:07] | Okay. Well… if you change your mind… just give me a call. | 好吧 如果你想去了 给我打电话 |
[15:10] | I will. | 我会的 |
[15:12] | Come! | 来吧 |
[15:15] | – Where are you guys going? – The Grand. | -你们准备去哪 -格兰吧 |
[15:18] | I’ll call you when I’m done. | 我弄完了给你打电话 |
[15:23] | Hey… Be glad… you’re still alive. | 高兴点 你躲过了一劫 |
[15:27] | I am. | 的确 |
[15:39] | – Have a good night man. – You too. | -玩得高兴点 -彼此彼此 |
[18:46] | Come on… come on… come on. | 快点 快点 快点 |
[18:49] | Fuck me. | 见鬼 |
[19:02] | Yeah… hello. | 喂 |
[19:06] | – I can’t hear you. – What? | -我听不清 -什么 |
[19:08] | Can you go outside… it’s too loud. | 你能出去说吗 里面太吵了 |
[19:10] | I know… hold on for seconds… it’s loud. | 知道了 稍等 这太吵了 |
[19:17] | Hey, what’s up? | 怎么了 |
[19:18] | – Where are you? – Lugo. | -你在哪 -卢戈 |
[19:20] | Are you with Will? | 威尔跟你在一起吗 |
[19:22] | – Yeah… Will Emerson? – Yeah. | -对 威尔·埃默森吗 -是的 |
[19:24] | Yeah… I think he’s still here. | 他还在这 |
[19:27] | Alright… I need you to get Will | 好的 你去找到威尔 |
[19:28] | and I need you guys to come back up here. | 和他一起回办公室来 |
[19:31] | – Uh… Where? – To the office. | -回哪 -办公室 |
[19:32] | – What? – I’m serious. | -啥 -我是认真的 |
[19:36] | You want me to get our boss’s boss out of a club, | 你想让我在周四晚上十点 |
[19:39] | and bring him back to the office | 把你老板的老板从俱乐部叫出去 |
[19:40] | at 10:00 on a Thursday night? | 还带他回办公室吗 |
[19:41] | Well… our boss just got axed… | 我们的老板刚被解雇 |
[19:43] | so technically he is our boss | 所严格说 他就是我们老板 |
[19:44] | and yes that’s what I want you to do. | 而且没错 我就是要你把他带回来 |
[19:46] | Why? | 为什么 |
[19:47] | Look man… Just trust me okay. | 相信我好吗 |
[19:49] | I need you guys back here… now. | 我需要你们现在就回来 |
[19:50] | Alright… we’ll be there in ten. | 好的 我们十分钟后到 |
[20:12] | Have I told you how much I love your back. | 我跟你说过我很喜欢你背影吗 |
[20:15] | Oh… really… I… do you have a little dress some match this? | 说真的 你有与此相配的衣服吗 |
[20:19] | Yeah… I do. | 是的 我有 |
[20:20] | You could dance around it like a fucking gril. | 你可以像个姑娘一样围着它跳舞 |
[20:25] | Look who it is burning the candleat both ends. | 看看这是谁呀 这么拼 |
[20:27] | Why didn’t you come out with us? | 你为啥不跟我们一起去玩呢 |
[20:30] | There aren’t anymore cuts planned. | 又不会再裁人了 |
[20:31] | You don’t have to kiss my ass. | 你不用刻意在我面前表现 |
[20:33] | I frankly… | 坦白的说 |
[20:34] | don’t even know… what it is you guys do. | 我都不知道你们是干什么的 |
[20:35] | Will… I am so sorry I had to bring you guys back. | 威尔 非常抱歉把你们叫回来 |
[20:38] | That’s alright. | 没关系 |
[20:40] | What’s going on? | 出什么事了 |
[20:40] | Look at this. | 看这个 |
[20:42] | Eric gave me this file before he left. | 艾瑞克走之前给了我这个文件 |
[20:45] | And he told me he couldn’t quite figure it out… | 他告诉我他没有完全搞清楚 |
[20:48] | And the last thing he said | 他在电梯门关闭前说的最后一句话是 |
[20:49] | as the doors on the elevator close was ‘be careful’. | “小心点” |
[20:53] | He said… “Be careful”? | 他说”小心点”吗 |
[20:54] | Yeah… So… Obviously… I’m little curious. | 是的 所以 很显然 我有点好奇 |
[20:56] | I get into it a bit | 我研究了一下这个文件 |
[20:57] | and I realize that the only thing missing… | 并且弄清了唯一遗漏的地方 |
[20:59] | This is not good… Will. | 情况不太好 威尔 |
[21:00] | Well… ok… so what’s it doing here? | 这是干什么的 |
[21:04] | Go to model four… it makes more sense. | 看模型四 更直观 |
[21:08] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[21:10] | This is basically everything | 基本上这是在特定时间里 |
[21:11] | that we have in our books. At any given time. | 我们账本里的全部内容了 |
[21:13] | But what Eric was trying to do | 但艾瑞克试图 |
[21:15] | is to work this numbers for levels of volatility | 用溢出标准风险价值模型的波动率 |
[21:17] | that fall outside of our standard VAR model. | 来重估这些资产的价值 |
[21:19] | What are those levels? | 多少的波动率 |
[21:20] | – Well it’s a fairly complicated. – Simplify. | -这很复杂 -简单的说 |
[21:23] | The volatility levels are set using… historic patterns basically… | 基本是在历史数据的波动率基础上 |
[21:27] | and then stretching those patterns out on a 10-15%… roughly. | 再放大约10%-15% |
[21:30] | Alright… so? | 好吧 然后呢 |
[21:31] | So… we are starting to test those historic patterns. | 然后我们正在验证这些历史波动率 |
[21:36] | When? | 什么时候的数 |
[21:37] | Today? | 今天的吗 |
[21:38] | tueday | 星期二 |
[21:39] | Monday. | 星期一的 |
[21:40] | – Last Friday and Wednesday – Two Fridays ago. | -还有上周五和周三 -两星期前 |
[21:44] | Alright… I get it. | 我知道了 |
[21:48] | Fuck me. Once this thing gets going in the wrong direction. | 该死 一旦走势变差 |
[21:51] | – This’s fucking huge. – How huge? | -损失就大了 -有多大 |
[21:57] | The losses are greater than the current value of the company. | 损失将会超过公司的现有市值 |
[21:59] | Projected… projected losses… Will. | 预期 预期损失 威尔 |
[22:02] | – This is just our floor? – Yes. | -只有我们这层知道吗 -是的 |
[22:08] | – Where the fuck is Eric Dale? – I don’t know. | -艾瑞克·戴尔在哪 -我不知道 |
[22:10] | I tried to call him… his phone’s off. | 我联系过他 他的电话停机了 |
[22:11] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[22:12] | They turned off everyone’s phone who they axed today. | 他们把今天被解雇的人的电话都停了 |
[22:14] | Fucking ruthless. | 真他妈没人性 |
[22:16] | Did you try his personal cell? | 你试过他的私人号码吗 |
[22:17] | Yeah… I called his cellphone. It was not on. | 是的 我打过了 没开机 |
[22:19] | – Call his home. – At this hour? | -给他家里打电话 -现在吗 |
[22:22] | Yes. Do we even know if he’s right? | 对 我们都不知道他是不是对的 |
[22:24] | Looks pretty fucking right to me. | 我觉得相当正确 |
[22:30] | Mrs. Dale. This is Will Emerson | 戴尔太太 我是威尔·埃默森 |
[22:32] | I’m fine, thank you. May I speak with Eric? | 我很好 谢谢 能让艾瑞克接电话吗 |
[22:38] | No, we’ve tried that. | 不 我们试过了 |
[22:39] | His phone appears to be off. | 他的电话似乎被停机了 |
[22:40] | Listen, could you have him call me? | 您能让他一回家 |
[22:43] | The moment he comes in, the moment he walks through the door. | 立刻给我回电话吗 |
[22:47] | Thank you so much. Goodbye. | 非常感谢 再见 |
[22:50] | Where the fuck is he? | 他他妈的去哪了 |
[22:51] | – Doesn’t he have like three kids? – So what? | -他不是有三个孩子吗 -那又怎样 |
[22:53] | I don’t know, would you go home? | 我不知道 换了是你 你会回家吗 |
[22:57] | I know where he is. | 我知道他在哪 |
[23:00] | I need you two… to go and get him. | 我要你们俩去把他带回来 |
[23:02] | There will be a car waiting for you downstairs. You need to go. | 楼下会有车等你们 你们得出发了 |
[23:04] | – Right now? – Yeah. Right now. | -马上吗 -对 马上 |
[23:07] | What are you going to do? | 你打算怎么做 |
[23:09] | I’m gonna call… Sam. | 打电话给萨姆 |
[23:15] | Fuck me. | 该死 |
[23:32] | – Yes? – It’s Will. | -喂 -我是威尔 |
[23:35] | It’s 11 o’clock at night? | 不知道已经十一点了吗 |
[23:37] | I know I’m sorry. | 我知道 对不起 |
[23:38] | I wouldn’t have called. | 我也不想给你打电话 |
[23:40] | What’s the problem. | 出什么事了 |
[23:42] | I think you need to get back here. | 你必须回来下 |
[23:44] | What? | 什么 |
[23:47] | Sam… listen to me. | 听我说 |
[23:48] | It’s 11 o’clock at night! | 已经晚上十一点了 |
[23:50] | I’m well aware of the fucking time! | 我知道已经很晚了 |
[23:51] | Sam, I’m telling you… you need to see this. | 萨姆 告诉你 你应该来看看这个 |
[23:54] | See what? | 看什么 |
[23:58] | Email it to me. | 发邮件给我好了 |
[23:59] | I don’t think that would be a good idea. | 恐怕不妥 |
[24:06] | I’m on my way. | 我这就回去 |
[24:13] | Look at these people. | 看看这些人 |
[24:17] | Wandering around… with absolutely no idea… | 漫无目的的四处游荡 完全不知道 |
[24:20] | what’s about to happen. | 将会发生什么 |
[24:25] | Right? | 不是吗 |
[24:26] | Well… I… I tried not to let the world get me like that. | 我努力不让自己变成那样 |
[24:30] | I’ve noticed that about you. | 我看出来了 |
[24:35] | Look… we are twenty three years old. | 我们二十三岁了 |
[24:38] | I’m 28. | 我二十八了 |
[24:39] | All right… 28… whatever. | 二十八就二十八 |
[24:41] | I made nearly… | 我去年赚了 |
[24:44] | a quarter of a million dollars last year. | 差不多二十五万美元 |
[24:47] | Fuck! For what? | 靠 怎么赚的 |
[24:49] | I pushed some numbers around on a computer screen… | 我在电脑上摆弄一些数字 |
[24:51] | so a bunch of glorified crack addicts | 然后一些所谓的砖家 |
[24:54] | could take that information and pretend to understand it… | 拿了我的数据 装模作样分析一下 |
[24:55] | and then make a bet against some other jerk | 然后和另一个半球的砖家们对赌 |
[24:56] | half way around the world who if he… wasn’t doing this… | 其实这帮人分析来分析去 |
[24:59] | he’d be putting number seven or you know. | 也不过就是靠运气 |
[25:03] | And at the end of the day one guy win and the other guy loses. | 最终有人赢有人输 |
[25:08] | You do know it’s a little more complicated than that? Right? | 你也知道这事儿没这么简单 对吗 |
[25:12] | Yeah. | 对 |
[25:19] | It’s Will. He wants to know if we’ve found him? | 是威尔 他想知道我们找到他没 |
[25:21] | What would we say? | 我们怎么说 |
[25:22] | I would say that we haven’t found him… yet. | 我会说 我们还没找到他 |
[25:26] | Good. | 好 |
[25:54] | Eric Dale. | 艾瑞克·戴尔 |
[25:55] | Oh Jesus. | 天呐 |
[25:57] | Before he leaves the building… escorted by fucking security. | 他被保安护送着离开大楼前 |
[26:00] | I had nothing to do with that. | 这可不是我指示的 |
[26:01] | I know. | 我知道 |
[26:02] | I’m sorry… go on. | 对不起 继续吧 |
[26:03] | Before he leaves the building, | 在他离开大楼前 |
[26:04] | he hands a disk to Peter Sullivan. | 他给了皮特·苏利文一个U盘 |
[26:06] | Who’s Peter Sullivan… again? | 皮特·苏利文又是谁 |
[26:07] | Don’t matter… one of Eric’s guys. | 那无关紧要 艾瑞克的手下 |
[26:09] | Before the elevator doors are closing… | 在电梯门关上之前 |
[26:11] | The last thing he says is | 他说的最后一句话是 |
[26:14] | ‘Be careful’. | “小心点” |
[26:16] | – Be careful? – Yeah. | -小心点 -是的 |
[26:19] | Be careful? Why? | 小心点 为什么 |
[26:21] | Take a look. | 来看一下 |
[26:25] | Oh Jesus… you know I can’t read this fucking thing! | 饶了我吧 我看不来数字 |
[26:27] | Speak to me in English. | 给我解释下 |
[26:28] | Basically… this kid… Peter Sullivan… | 基本上呢 皮特·苏利文这孩子 |
[26:30] | He gets all inspired by you pep talk. | 被你的激情演讲激发了干劲 |
[26:33] | Nice job! By the way… | 顺便说下 做的好 |
[26:34] | He dealt straight in… after work. | 他下班后继续专研 |
[26:37] | And I think he nailed it. | 我想他有个大发现 |
[26:39] | Nailed it? | 发现什么 |
[26:40] | Yeah, I think he figured out what Eric was missing. | 他弄清了艾瑞克遗漏的地方 |
[26:45] | It’s not good, Sam. | 坏消息啊 萨姆 |
[26:47] | These here are the historical volatility index limits, | 这些是 历史波动指数限制 |
[26:51] | which of course, | 我们全部的交易模型 |
[26:52] | our entire trading model relies on pretty fuckingheavily. | 很大程度上依赖于这些限制 |
[26:55] | And well… we are now so levered up. | 我们现在的经营杠杆系数太高了 |
[26:57] | But once it gets outside those limits, | 波动率一旦超出了这些限制 |
[27:01] | it gets ugly in a hurry. | 资产价值会急速暴跌 |
[27:03] | And how close to those limits have we gotten? | 我们离底线还有多远 |
[27:05] | Oh Sam, we’re beyond close. | 萨姆 我们已经超过了 |
[27:08] | We broke through five or six | 在过去的两周里 |
[27:10] | days over the last two weeks. | 我们有五到六天突破了限制 |
[27:12] | Now somehow. | 但是 不知怎么搞的 |
[27:13] | we’ve managed to stay on the upside of it… for now. | 暂时来说 资产价值还维持在高位 |
[27:15] | For now? | 只是暂时 |
[27:16] | Well look… what happens here, | 你可以看看这里 |
[27:18] | when we get on the wrong side of it. | 一旦走势变差 会发生什么 |
[27:26] | Wait a minute… what am I looking at? | 等等 我要看哪里 |
[27:27] | You’re looking at this figure here. | 看这些数据 |
[27:32] | – Wow is that? – Yeah. | -是那个吗 -是的 |
[27:34] | And that wouldn’t even be that bad a day for us, | 按以往的经验看 |
[27:36] | historically speaking. | 没有比这个更糟的了 |
[27:38] | Is that figure right? | 这些数据正确吗 |
[27:39] | I don’t know… I can’t be sure. | 我不知道 我不敢肯定 |
[27:40] | – Where is Eric Dale? – We shut his phone off. | -艾瑞克·戴尔在哪 -我们把他的电话停了 |
[27:42] | Of course we do. | 可不是吗 |
[27:43] | Yeah… so… I called his wife. | 于是我又给他老婆打了电话 |
[27:44] | Who says, he’s not home. | 她说他不在 |
[27:46] | He’s probably crying in a fucking beer somewhere. | 他也许正在哪个酒吧哭呢 |
[27:47] | Yeah, he was. | 是的 有可能 |
[27:49] | Where’s the kid who did this? | 发现这事的孩子干什么去了 |
[27:50] | Sent him out looking for Eric. | 派他去找艾瑞克了 |
[27:52] | Do you think he knows what he’s doing? | 你认为他知道自己在做什么吗 |
[27:55] | I don’t konw what I know. | 我都不知道我知道什么了 |
[27:56] | Get him back. | 把他叫回来 |
[28:10] | What do you think these girls make a night? | 这些姑娘一晚能赚多少钱 |
[28:14] | 1500? | 一千五? |
[28:22] | Two grand? | 两千吗 |
[28:25] | Two grand. | 两千 |
[28:27] | Fuck… | 靠 |
[28:28] | That’s… | 这也太… |
[28:31] | It’s pretty great. | 太好了 |
[28:32] | I mean… you know… I mean I’ll consider. | 我考虑来一个 |
[28:39] | Shit. | 该死 |
[28:40] | Will… yep. | 威尔 是的 |
[28:45] | no, no… we asked nobody see him. | 不 不 我们问了 没人见过他 |
[28:51] | Okay… Yeah. | 好的 好的 |
[29:06] | What’a you think Rogers makes in a year? | 你觉得罗吉斯一年赚多少钱 |
[29:10] | I… I have no idea? | 我 我不知道 |
[29:12] | Come on… play along. | 猜猜看嘛 |
[29:13] | What a year, I don’t know | 我不知道一年能赚多少 |
[29:16] | Three quarters of a million? | 七十五万吗 |
[29:20] | Come on. | 再猜 |
[29:22] | What? | 什么 |
[29:23] | It was not even close. | 根本不沾边 |
[29:25] | More? | 比这多吗 |
[29:25] | Much more. | 多多了 |
[29:27] | A million? | 一百万吗 |
[29:29] | Will Emerson made two and half million last year. | 威尔·埃默森去年赚了两百五十万 |
[29:32] | Fuck you. | 去你的吧 |
[29:33] | Fuck you, how do you know that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[29:35] | He told me. | 他跟我说的 |
[29:38] | He just told you. | 他直接告诉你的吗 |
[29:39] | Well I asked him. Yeah, he told me. | 我问过他 他告诉我的 |
[29:42] | – Do you think that’s true? – Yeah probably. | -你觉得是真的吗 -恩 有可能 |
[29:46] | – That’s fucked up. – Why… why’s that fucked up? | -这可真胡扯 -有什么胡扯的 |
[29:49] | – Does that seem right to you? – Right? | -你觉得那可能吗 -不可能吗 |
[29:57] | Jesus. | 天呐 |
[30:00] | So… what do you think that means Rogers puts away? | 你觉得罗吉斯把钱存起来了吗 |
[30:01] | I have no idea, Seth. This traffic’s a fucking nightmare. | 我不知道 塞思 这交通真他妈堵 |
[30:29] | Gentlemen? | 先生们 |
[30:31] | – Will. – Mr. Rogers. | -威尔 -罗吉斯先生 |
[30:33] | Come with us, please. | 请跟我们走吧 |
[30:41] | Sam, this is Seth Bregman and this is Peter Sullivan. | 萨姆 这位是塞思·布雷格曼 这位是皮特·苏利文 |
[30:47] | Will, where are we going? | 威尔 我们要去哪儿 |
[30:51] | Going to get a second opinion on your work, Peter. | 去听听别人对你那份报告的看法 皮特 |
[31:32] | So Sam, what do you have for us? | 你想给我们看什么 萨姆 |
[31:34] | Well… they’ll be here in a minute. | 资料马上就到 |
[31:35] | Finding someone in the copy room at this hour | 这么晚了还能找到打印人员 |
[31:36] | was a little bit of a challenge. | 可真是不容易 |
[31:38] | Okay, let’s go right into introduction. | 那我就开门见山 给大家介绍一下 |
[31:39] | This is Sarah Robertson who you know, | 这位是萨拉·罗伯逊, |
[31:41] | chief risk assessment officer. | 首席风险评估官 |
[31:43] | Ramesh Shah from upstairs and | 楼上的同事拉梅什·沙 |
[31:45] | David Horn, one of the firm’s in house council. | 大卫·霍恩 公司内部顾问 |
[31:47] | Nice to meet you all. This is my head of trading, Will Emerson. | 幸会 这位是威尔·埃默森 我们的交易主管 |
[31:50] | And this is… | 这位是 |
[31:51] | Peter Sullivan, and Seth Bregman. | 皮特·苏利文以及塞思·布雷格曼 |
[31:52] | They work in our risk department. | 他们在风险部工作 |
[31:55] | Where is Eric Dale? | 艾瑞克·戴尔在哪儿 |
[31:56] | He was let go today. | 他今天刚被解雇 |
[32:00] | Who’s left in your risk department? | 你们风险部还剩哪些人 |
[32:03] | As of today that would be Peter | 目前就还剩皮特 |
[32:06] | and our junior analyst Seth. | 还有初级分析师塞思 |
[32:10] | Really? | 就这样吗 |
[32:12] | Will Emerson? | 威尔·埃默森在吗 |
[32:13] | Yes, please just hand it out. | 是我 请直接发给大家 |
[32:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[32:29] | Apparently Eric had been working on this for some time | 显然艾瑞克一直在研究这份东西 |
[32:31] | but was unable to finish it. | 但未能得出结果 |
[32:32] | This morning as he left the building, | 今天早上他离开时 |
[32:34] | he handed the program to Peter here, | 他把这个项目交给了皮特 |
[32:36] | and asked him to take a look at it. | 并让他查看一下 |
[32:37] | Peter did. | 皮特看了 |
[32:38] | He put in a few things that Eric seemed to be missing. | 并补全了艾瑞克遗漏的那些信息数据 |
[32:41] | and this is what came out. | 就得出了这份报告 |
[32:45] | Peter, is this your work? | 皮特 这是你做的吗 |
[32:48] | Mostly Mr. Dale’s… | 大部分是戴尔先生的功劳 |
[32:50] | But is this your draft? | 但是你起草的 |
[32:52] | Yes. | 是的 |
[32:54] | Again, expanded on original work of Eric’s. But yes. | 但我是在艾瑞克所整理的数据基础上做的 |
[32:58] | What is your background? | 你经历如何 |
[32:59] | My background? | 我的经历吗 |
[33:00] | Your CV. | 你的履历 |
[33:01] | I’ve been with the firm for 2 and half years | 我已经在这里工作两年半了 |
[33:02] | working with Eric that whole time. | 一直在艾瑞克手下干活 |
[33:04] | But I hold a doctorate in engineering, | 我拥有麻省理工的工程博士学位 |
[33:05] | speciality in propulsion, from MIT, with a Bachelors from Penn. | 推进是我的专业研究方向 而我本科毕业于宾大 |
[33:08] | What’s a specialty in propulsion, exactly? | 推进领域具体研究些什么 |
[33:11] | My thesis was a study in the way that friction ratios | 我的论文是研究弱重力负荷的环境下 |
[33:14] | effect steering outcomes in aeronautical use under reduced gravity loads. | 摩擦比在航空应用中的导航效果 |
[33:18] | So, you are a rocket scientist? | 这么说 你是个火箭专家 |
[33:21] | I was. | 以前是 |
[33:24] | Interesting. How did you end up here? | 有趣 那你怎么在这儿工作了呢 |
[33:26] | Well it’s all just numbers really, | 其实都是和数字打交道 |
[33:28] | you’re just changing what you’re adding up. | 只不过计算的内容变了 |
[33:29] | And to speak freely, | 而且说实话 |
[33:31] | the money here is, considerably more attractive. | 这里的报酬要高得多 |
[33:42] | What time is it? | 几点了 |
[33:44] | 2:15 2:15. | |
[33:45] | Fuck me. | 真该死 |
[33:47] | Fuck me. | 该死 |
[33:48] | And I’m guessing, by the fact that | 如果我没记错的话 |
[33:50] | you two haven’t said anything that the math checks out? | 你们俩到现在 对这些数据还没发表任何意见 |
[33:53] | Look, we’d need some time to go over this, | 我们需要时间来仔细阅读这份报告 |
[33:56] | but Mr. Sullivan here seems to know what he’s doing. | 但苏利文似乎很清楚这些数据的含义 |
[34:00] | So, it would appear we have a problem. | 所以显而易见 公司出现了问题 |
[34:02] | Thank you for that. What time is it? | 劳您提醒 现在几点了 |
[34:04] | 2:16 2:16. | |
[34:05] | Fuck me. Fuck me. | 他妈的 真见鬼 |
[34:17] | Sam. | 萨姆 |
[34:18] | How long under normal operations, | 正常情况下你们 |
[34:21] | would it take your people to clear that from our books? | 需要用多长时间来抛售这些资产 |
[34:26] | What? | 什么 |
[34:29] | – All of it? – Yes. | -所有的吗 -是的 |
[34:32] | I don’t know, weeks. | 不确定 几周的时间 |
[34:34] | – Weeks? – Yeah, weeks. | -几周吗 -没错 |
[34:36] | But as you certainly know our business is selling and buying. | 你也知道我们的交易包括买和卖 |
[34:41] | It doesn’t work for very long without both components. | 两者缺一不可 |
[34:43] | We suddenly stops buying for a day or two, | 如果突然有一两天停止买入 |
[34:45] | that’s not something you can hide under the rug, | 这种事绝对纸包不住火 |
[34:47] | That gets out. | 早晚会泄露出去 |
[34:48] | and when it does, | 而一旦泄露 |
[34:49] | this whole thing comes to a end… and right quick. | 眨眼之间 这一切就都玩完了 |
[34:53] | – I understand. – Do you? | -我懂了 -真懂了吗 |
[34:59] | Yes. | 是的 |
[35:02] | How many traders do we | 你们这层和彼得森那层 |
[35:03] | have left between your floor and Petersen’s? | 还剩下多少交易员 |
[35:06] | I don’t know, what? | 不知道 有多少 |
[35:07] | Sixty, sixty. | 六十左右吧 |
[35:08] | Jared, as I look at this more closely, | 贾德 细看这份报告之后 |
[35:09] | it’s these VAR numbers that are really setting this thing off. | 我认为是风险价值数据引起的这个问题 |
[35:12] | Excuse me. | 稍等片刻 |
[35:30] | Please. | 请继续 |
[35:31] | As I was saying, and I speak completely off the record. | 我正说到 请各位不要外传 |
[35:33] | It’s only a matter of time | 迟早都会有别的公司 |
[35:34] | before someone else starts putting these in. | 像我们一样统计这些数据 |
[35:36] | and they come up with exactly the same results. | 得出一样的结果 |
[35:38] | And look at exactly what we’re looking at right now; | 和我们身处一样的境地 |
[35:40] | If they haven’t already. | 早晚的事 |
[35:41] | Understood. | 我明白 |
[35:42] | And Sarah, what value would you allow to be placed on | 萨拉 如果非定不可的话 |
[35:46] | those assets that might be left on the books, if they had to? | 你会给帐上剩余的资产估价多少 |
[35:49] | Why would they still be on the books? | 为什么它们还会在账上 |
[35:50] | Because suddenly nobody wants to fucking buy them. | 因为大家突然他妈的不愿买它们了 |
[35:52] | Fuck you Sam! Will you give me a fucking break here? | 见鬼萨姆 你能不能给我闭嘴 |
[35:54] | Without an active market, it would take weeks | 在非活跃的市场下 要花上数周 |
[35:56] | or months for me to come up with accurate value on them. | 甚至几个月的时间去精确地为其估价 |
[35:59] | You’ll have to go block by block. | 这要一步一步来 |
[36:01] | Yeah. Look Sarah, it’s a very simple business right, | 萨拉 这件事情很简单 |
[36:03] | – we talked about this last… – Sam. | -我们那天不是讨论过 -萨姆 |
[36:05] | Will, Peter and… what the fuck is his name? | 威尔 皮特还有那谁 他叫什么来的 |
[36:08] | Seth. | 塞思 |
[36:09] | Thank you. Seth, could you please, give us for a few moments. | 多谢 塞思 能不能请你们回避一下 |
[36:14] | And Peter? | 对了皮特 |
[36:16] | – Has anyone else has seen this? – No one aside from us. | -还有别人看过这个吗 -只有我们两个 |
[36:20] | – And Eric Dale? – Yes. | -还有艾瑞克·戴尔 -是的 |
[36:21] | And can it really be possible | 难道我们真的 |
[36:23] | that we don’t know, where Eric Dale is? | 找不到艾瑞克·戴尔他人吗 |
[36:25] | I called his wife. He hasn’t come home yet, | 我给他妻子打了电话 他还没回家 |
[36:28] | and we turned off his phone today. | 他的手机也被停用了 |
[36:31] | Perfect. Well, I’d like to know where he is. | 够绝 我要你们找到他 |
[36:44] | Jesus fucking Christ! Who is that guy? | 我的天啊 那个男的是谁 |
[36:47] | Sam’s boss. | 萨姆的上司 |
[36:49] | He looks like he’s fifteen years old. | 长得细皮嫩肉的 |
[36:52] | He’s Forty. | 他四十了 |
[36:53] | Yeah, How does that happen? | 他是怎么坐上去的 |
[36:56] | Oh it happens all the time. | 这种事多了 |
[37:01] | Except to me. He’s a fucking killer. | 可惜我没那福气 他真他妈是个高手 |
[37:09] | What are they talking about, in there? | 他们在里面谈什么呢 |
[37:16] | It ain’t pretty. | 不是什么好事 |
[37:19] | What ain’t pretty? | 什么不好的事 |
[37:22] | People stop buying what we’re selling. | 我们卖的东西没人买了 |
[37:29] | Jared, | 贾德 |
[37:32] | you cannot be doing what you are thinking of doing? | 我知道你怎么想的 你不能这么干 |
[37:35] | Well, I don’t see any other choice. | 我别无选择 |
[37:36] | What does that mean, we don’t have a choice. | 什么叫别无选择 |
[37:38] | Fuck you, you don’t have a choice. | 去你妈的 你明明有选择 |
[37:39] | Fuck me? Did you even looked at the numbers Sam? | 去你妹 你到底看没看这些数据 萨姆 |
[37:43] | Yes, but what do I know. | 看了 但我哪儿看得懂 |
[37:44] | Correct me, if I’m wrong, Mr.Shah. | 沙先生 我是否理解对了 |
[37:46] | But, these numbers, they don’t add up. | 这些估值加起来与账面不相符 |
[37:48] | One and one, no longer makes Two. | 一加一得不到二 |
[37:50] | If I may, I’d like a little more time. | 能不能再给我们点时间 |
[37:53] | Are you fucking kidding me? | 你们他妈开什么玩笑 |
[37:54] | We have talked about this. | 咱们都谈过了 |
[37:55] | We need a little time before to give you our conclusion. | 我们还需要点时间才能得出结论 |
[37:58] | Ok, we meet again in 45 minutes. | 好 咱们45分钟后再讨论 |
[38:01] | Sam, do you have the file? | 萨姆 你有他留下的那个文件吗 |
[38:20] | What are you gonna do? | 你打算怎么办 |
[38:25] | Are you going to call him? | 要给那个人打电话吗 |
[38:32] | I already have. | 已经打过了 |
[38:48] | Jesus. | 天啊 |
[38:55] | Wow. It’s gorgeous. | 这儿真漂亮 |
[39:05] | It’s a long way down. | 这楼还挺高的 |
[39:08] | Yes, it is. | 可不是吗 |
[39:22] | Don’t do that, C’mon. | 可别那样 回来 |
[39:26] | Did you know the fear most people feel when | 知道吗 其实当人们站在悬崖边时 |
[39:28] | they stand on the edge like this isn’t the fear of falling. | 害怕的不是坠落本身 |
[39:32] | It’s the fear that they might jump? | 而是怕自己真的动了跳下去的念头 |
[39:36] | Well, that’s very deep and depressing, thank you. | 如此深奥而压抑 多谢告知 |
[39:38] | Yeah, well…I’m a little dark…sometimes. | 是啊 有时候我有点忧郁 |
[39:41] | Come down, please. Come on…Will? | 快下来吧 威尔 过来 |
[39:45] | Yeah, Fuck it! | 没错 他妈的 |
[39:49] | Not today. | 时候未到 |
[39:58] | So it looks like, they are gonna make us dump this shit. | 他们似乎要让我们抛售那堆垃圾资产 |
[40:00] | What? | 什么 |
[40:02] | You watch. | 看着吧 |
[40:04] | How? | 怎么卖 |
[40:05] | You’ll see! | 等着瞧吧 |
[40:07] | How could they do that? | 他们怎么能做到 |
[40:08] | You can’t…it’s impossible. But they’ll figure out a way. | 你做不到 根本不可能 但是他们就有办法 |
[40:11] | I’ve been at this place for ten years | 我在这里工作十年了 |
[40:13] | and I’ve seen some things you wouldn’t.. | 见过各种难以 |
[40:15] | you wouldn’t believe. | 难以置信的事情 |
[40:17] | When all is said and done, they do not lose money. | 总而言之 他们绝不会赔钱 |
[40:20] | They don’t mind if everyone else does, | 不管其他人如何 |
[40:23] | but they don’t lose. | 反正他们不会赔钱 |
[40:33] | Will? | 威尔 |
[40:35] | Did you really make two and half million last year? | 你去年真的赚了二百五十万吗 |
[40:39] | Yeah, sure. | 没错 |
[40:43] | How did you spend it all? | 这么多钱你怎么花的 |
[40:46] | They expire quickly. | 很快就花没了 |
[40:47] | You know, you’ll learn and spend what’s in your pocket. | 赚得多花的自然就会多 |
[40:49] | Two and half millions goes quickly? | 二百五十万说没就没了吗 |
[40:51] | Alright, let’s see. | 好吧 我跟你说说 |
[40:53] | The tax man takes half up front. | 一半用来缴税 |
[40:55] | So, you’re left with one and a quarter. | 所以还剩下一百二十五万 |
[40:57] | My mortgage takes another 300 grand. | 三十万用来还贷款 |
[40:59] | I send 150 home for my parents, you know, to keep them going. | 给我父母十五万贴补家用 |
[41:03] | – So, what’s left? – Eight hundred. | -还剩多少了 -八十万 |
[41:06] | I spend 150 on a car. | 我花了十五万买了一辆车 |
[41:09] | About 75 in restaurants, | 七万五用在吃饭应酬上 |
[41:11] | Probably, 50 on clothes. | 大概五万用在买衣服上 |
[41:14] | And I put 400 away for a rainy day… | 存了四十万以备不时之需 |
[41:16] | That’s smart. | 很有先见之明 |
[41:17] | Yeah, as it turns out, because it looks like the storm’s coming. | 的确 这不大风大浪马上就要来了 |
[41:21] | You still got 125. | 你还剩下十二万五 |
[41:25] | Yeah, I did spent 76,520 dollars on hookers, booze and dancers. | 是啊 还有七万六千多花在妓女 美酒和舞女身上了 |
[41:30] | But mainly, hookers. | 不过主要还是花在妓女身上了 |
[41:33] | 76,5..? | 七万六千多 |
[41:35] | That was a little shock initially, but then | 我一开始也很吃惊 |
[41:37] | I realise that I could claim most of it off, as entertainment. | 后来我发现带给我的欢乐还是物有所值的 |
[41:57] | How old are you? | 你多大了 |
[42:00] | 43. | 四十三 |
[42:08] | This is bizzare. | 真奇怪 |
[42:12] | It’s like a…dream. | 像场梦一样 |
[42:18] | Well, I don’t know, | 我也不知道 |
[42:20] | seems like we actually may have just woken up. | 看似我们刚刚大梦初醒一般 |
[42:25] | Come in. | 请进 |
[42:27] | How do we look? | 情况怎么样 |
[42:30] | I should go. | 我回避吧 |
[42:31] | No, you should stay. | 不用 你该留下 |
[42:32] | So? | 什么情况 |
[42:34] | It’s legit, | 数据没错 |
[42:36] | the kid killed it. | 那孩子说的没错 |
[42:38] | The formula is worthless. | 那模型已经没用了 |
[42:41] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[42:42] | It’s broken. | 已经废掉了 |
[42:44] | There are eight trillion dollars of paper | 全世界有八万亿美元的票据 |
[42:46] | around the world relying on that equation. | 都依赖于这个模型来定价 |
[42:49] | We were wrong. | 我们犯了个错误 |
[42:50] | No, You mean, you were wrong. | 不 是你的错误 |
[42:52] | You don’t get me started. | 别跟我说这个 |
[42:53] | We discussed this! | 咱们一起讨论过的 |
[42:55] | I’m heading to the conference room. | 我先去会议室了 |
[42:56] | No, I want you to hear this. | 不用 我想让你也听听 |
[42:59] | I don’t want to hear this. | 我不想听 |
[43:01] | How do you think I’ve stuck around this place so long? | 就是知道的太多我才一直被拴在这公司 |
[43:12] | I’ve called Tuld. | 我给图德打电话了 |
[43:16] | Is there a contingency plan here? | 我们有没有应急方案 |
[43:18] | A contingency plan? | 应急方案吗 |
[43:20] | Yes. | 没错 |
[43:21] | No, We went all in on this one. | 没有 宝都押在它上了 |
[43:24] | So, we’ve got ourselves quite exposed here, haven’t we? | 这回他们抓着咱们的马脚了吧 |
[43:30] | To Tuld or the market? | 你指图德还是市场上其他人 |
[43:34] | To both. | 两者都是 |
[43:58] | He’s here? | 他到了吗 |
[44:30] | Tuld’s helicopter just landed. | 图德的直升机刚着落 |
[44:32] | I know, come with us. | 我知道 跟我们来 |
[44:33] | Where’s Sam? | 萨姆在哪儿 |
[44:34] | – I don’t know, You sure, you want all of us? – Yes. | -不知道 你想让我们都去吗 -是的 |
[44:43] | One piece of advice for everyone before we go in there. | 进去之前给你们一点建议 |
[44:47] | This could get a little ugly. | 场面可能会有点难看 |
[44:49] | but whatever you do, just tell the truth. | 但无论如何 只管说实话 |
[44:50] | No sugar coating. Do not change a word of it. | 不要美言粉饰 有一说一 |
[44:53] | No one here is smart enough, | 都别想耍小聪明 |
[44:55] | including the rocket scientist. | 包括这位火箭专家 |
[45:04] | Mr.Cohen. | 科恩先生 |
[45:05] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[45:08] | This way please. | 请走这边 |
[45:14] | He’s already in there waiting for you. | 他已经在里面等你们了 |
[45:17] | Excellent! | 好极了 |
[45:44] | Please sit down. | 请坐 |
[45:48] | Welcome everyone. | 欢迎各位 |
[45:50] | I must apologize for | 我很抱歉 |
[45:51] | dragging you all here at such an uncommon hour, | 在这个时间还召集大家开会 |
[45:53] | but from what I’ve been told, | 但据我所知 |
[45:54] | this matter needs to be handled urgently! | 有件事情亟待处理 |
[45:57] | So urgently, in fact, | 既然这么紧急 |
[45:58] | it probably should have been addressed weeks ago. | 不是本该在几周前就着手解决吗 |
[46:00] | But that is spilled milk under the bridge! | 但事已至此 于事无补 |
[46:03] | So, why doesn’t somebody | 那么 谁能说一说 |
[46:05] | tell me what they think is going on here? | 现在到底是什么情况 |
[46:08] | Well, Mr. Tuld. As I mentioned earlier, | 图德先生 正如我之前所说 |
[46:11] | if you compare the figure at the top page 13… | 如果把13页上部的数据和 |
[46:14] | Jared, it’s a…just speak to me in plain English. | 贾德 别故弄玄虚 简单点说 |
[46:18] | OK. | 好的 |
[46:20] | But I’d like to speak to the guy who put this together. | 但我想听整理这份东西的那个人说说 |
[46:22] | Mr. Sullivan is it? | 是苏利文先生吧 |
[46:23] | Does he speak English? | 他会说英语吗 |
[46:24] | Sir? | 您说什么 |
[46:26] | I’d like to speak to the analyst | 我想听那个理清了这堆烂摊子的 |
[46:27] | who seems to have stumbled across this mess. | 分析人员跟我说一说 |
[46:29] | Certainly, that would be Peter Sullivan. Right here. | 当然 是这位皮特·苏利文做的 |
[46:32] | Oh Mr.Sullivan. You are here! Good morning. | 苏利文先生 原来你在 早上好 |
[46:34] | Maybe, you could tell me what you think is going on here. | 你能不能告诉我现在是什么情况 |
[46:37] | And please speak as you might to a young child, | 就把我当成一个一无所知的孩子来讲 |
[46:41] | or a golden retriever. | 或干脆就是只金毛犬 |
[46:44] | It wasn’t brains that got me here. | 你要知道 |
[46:46] | I can assure you of that. | 我可不是靠聪明坐到今天这个位置的 |
[46:52] | Sir. As you may or may not know I work for Mr.Rogers, | 您好 我是罗吉斯先生手下的职员 |
[46:56] | as an associate in the | 在风险评估与管理部门做助理 |
[46:58] | risk assessment and management office at MBS. | 主攻抵押贷款证券化 |
[47:01] | Please, just relax, stand up. Tell us in clear voice, | 放松 请直接站起来大声告诉我们 |
[47:04] | what is the nature of the problem. | 真正的问题到底是什么 |
[47:12] | Well as you probably know | 您可能知道 |
[47:13] | over the last 36-40 months the firm has begun | 在过去的三四年中 我们公司 |
[47:18] | packaging new MBS products; | 一直在打包销售按揭抵押证券产品 |
[47:21] | that combine several different traunches | 我们把不同风险级别的投资资产 |
[47:24] | of rating classification in one tradable security. | 打包成一个产品出售 |
[47:28] | This has been enourmously profitable, as I imagine you noticed. | 您应该也知道 这种交易一直获利颇丰 |
[47:32] | I have. | 没错 |
[47:34] | Well the firm is currently doing | 公司每天都大量的 |
[47:35] | a considerable amount of this business every day. | 进行这种产品的交易 |
[47:37] | The problem which is I guess why we are here tonight, | 当下咱们遇到的问题是 |
[47:41] | is that it takes us, the firm, about a month | 公司往往要花一个月的时间 |
[47:45] | to layer these products correctly. | 来正确地为这些产品进行风险评级 |
[47:48] | thereby posing a challenge from a risk assessment standpoint. | 这样的话 风险评估方面就面临一个挑战 |
[47:52] | And Mr. Sullivan that challenge is? | 什么挑战呢 苏利文先生 |
[47:54] | We have to hold these assets | 我们持有这些资产的时间 |
[47:56] | on our books longer than we might ideally like to. | 比预期的还要长 |
[47:58] | Yes. | 是的 |
[47:59] | But the key factor here is, these are essentially just mortgages, | 但问题的关键是 这些标的资产大都是抵押贷款 |
[48:02] | that has allowed us to push the leverage considerably | 与其他情况相比 财务杠杆很容易被推高 |
[48:06] | beyond what you might be willing or allowed to do; | 甚至超出我们的意愿或交易限制 |
[48:09] | in any other circumstance, thereby | 这就使得 |
[48:11] | pushing the risk profile without raising any red flags. | 风险预警机制失效 |
[48:16] | Now, thank you, sit down. | 好了 谢谢 请坐 |
[48:18] | What I am guessing, your report here says; | 我想你的报告的意思 |
[48:20] | give me some rope here, | 让我顺一下思路 |
[48:23] | what I am guessing, it says is that.. | 我想你的意思就是 |
[48:24] | considering the, shall we say? | 仔细想想 怎么说好呢 |
[48:27] | Bumpy road, we’ve been on the last week or so. | 我们从上周起就踏上了一条不归路 |
[48:30] | But the figures your brilliant co- | 那些比你资深比你牛逼的同事 |
[48:33] | workers up the line ahead of you had come up with.. | 琢磨出来的数学玩意儿 |
[48:35] | don’t make much sense anymore; | 屁用都没用了 |
[48:37] | Considering what’s taking place today? | 依照今天的状况是这样的吧 |
[48:40] | Actually not taking place today… | 其实不只是今天 |
[48:42] | but what’s already taken place over the last two weeks. | 这种状况已经发生两周了 |
[48:44] | So, you are saying , this had already happened? | 所以你的意思是 状况早就发生了 |
[48:48] | Sort of. | 算是吧 |
[48:53] | And Mr. Sullivan, what does your model say that that means | 苏利文先生 你的模型对于在座的各位 |
[48:57] | for us here? | 意义何在 |
[48:59] | Well, that’s where it becomes a projection. | 这个模型是个预期 |
[49:02] | But, ummm. | 但是 |
[49:06] | You’re speaking with me Mr. Sullivan. | 苏利文先生 跟我直说无妨 |
[49:09] | Well… sir… | 先生 |
[49:11] | If those assets decrease by just 25 percent, | 如果那些抵押贷款资产的估值 |
[49:15] | and remain on our books. | 哪怕只下降25% |
[49:17] | That loss | 这损失 |
[49:18] | would be greater than the current | 也会高过 |
[49:21] | market capitalization of this entire company. | 现在整个公司的市值 |
[49:27] | So what you’re telling me… | 那么 |
[49:31] | is that… | 你的意思是说 |
[49:33] | music is about to stop, | 音乐即将终了 |
[49:36] | and we are going to be left holding… | 我们手上的资产马上就要变成 |
[49:38] | ‘the biggest bag of odorous excrement’ | 在资本主义史上 |
[49:41] | ever assembled | 最大的 |
[49:42] | in the history of capitalism? | 一袋粪土 |
[49:51] | Well sir, I’m not sure I’d.. | 先生 我可能不会这么说 |
[49:53] | put it that way, but let me clarify… | 但让我用您的比喻 |
[49:56] | using your analogy. | 来解释一下 |
[49:58] | What this model shows, | 从这个模型来看 |
[50:01] | is the music, so to speak, just slowing, | 这段所谓的音乐 只是放缓了节奏 |
[50:05] | If the music were to stop, as you put it, | 要说音乐即将停止的话 |
[50:07] | then this model would not be even close | 这个模型就不仅是现在的样子 |
[50:10] | to that scenario, it would be considerably worse. | 它会比现在还糟糕百倍 |
[50:17] | Let me tell you something, Mr. Sullivan. | 我跟你说 苏利文先生 |
[50:21] | Do you care to know, why I’m in this chair with you all? | 你想不想知道为什么我能坐到现在这个位置 |
[50:26] | Why I earn the big bucks? | 为什么我能赚大钱 |
[50:30] | Yes. | 您说 |
[50:31] | I’m here for one reason | 只有一个原因 |
[50:33] | and one reason alone. | 仅此一个 |
[50:35] | I’m here to guess, what the music might do, a week, | 我的工作是去推测在未来的一周 一个月甚至一年里 |
[50:38] | a month, a year from now. | 音乐的旋律 |
[50:42] | That’s it! | 仅此而已 |
[50:44] | Nothing more. | 再无其它 |
[50:48] | I’m standing here tonight… | 今夜 我站在此处 |
[50:51] | I’m afraid that | 可惜 |
[50:51] | I don’t hear a thing. | 什么旋律都没听见 |
[50:59] | Just silence! | 只有一片死寂 |
[51:20] | So, now that we know that | 既然我们知道 |
[51:23] | the music has stopped, | 音乐嘎然而止了 |
[51:24] | what can we do about it? | 那对此有什么对策呢 |
[51:25] | Mr Cohen, Ms Robertson, | 科恩先生 罗伯逊女士 |
[51:29] | I’m afraid, I think | 我认为 |
[51:30] | this is where you are supposed to step back in. | 现在该是你们发言的时候了 |
[51:33] | Lord knows we’ve relied enough on Mr Sullivan tonight. | 苏利文先生今晚的贡献已经够多了 |
[51:38] | What do you have for us? | 你们有何高见啊 |
[51:48] | What have I told you | 当年你们刚入行的时候 |
[51:49] | since the first day you walked into my office? | 我是怎么和你们说的 |
[51:53] | There are three ways to make a living in this business. | 干这行有三种谋生之道 |
[51:56] | Be first, be smarter or cheat. | 出手快 脑子好 会耍赖 |
[52:00] | Now, I don’t cheat. | 如今 耍赖的事我不做了 |
[52:03] | And although I like to think, | 虽然我相信 |
[52:04] | we’ve some pretty smart people in this building, | 我们之中有些人非常聪明 |
[52:08] | it sure is a hell of a lot easier to just be first. | 但是先下手为强还是最简单的做法 |
[52:12] | Sell it all…today! | 全卖了 今天之内 |
[52:17] | Is that even possible Sam? | 萨姆 这么做可行吗 |
[52:19] | Yes, but at what cost? | 可行 但是代价呢 |
[52:23] | I’ll have to pay. | 我会付钱的 |
[52:26] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[52:28] | I think so. | 我想是的 |
[52:30] | Where does this gonna come back to us? | 这么做在哪些方面会对我们有影响 |
[52:34] | Everywhere. | 各个方面 |
[52:36] | Sam, I don’t think you seem | 萨姆 我觉得你没有 |
[52:37] | to understand what your boy here had just said. | 理解你手下前面分析的 |
[52:44] | If I made you… | 如果硬要你卖呢 |
[52:46] | how would you do it? | 你准备怎么个卖法 |
[52:54] | Well, you call the traders in for their normal 6:30 meeting | 六点半的时候你召集交易员开一个例会 |
[52:56] | and you be honest with them. | 会上和他们实话实说 |
[52:57] | Because they’re gonna know it’s the end either way. | 因为他们总会觉察到大事不妙 |
[53:00] | So you’d have to throw them a bone, | 所以你得给他们点甜头 |
[53:01] | and a pretty big one. | 非常甜的那种 |
[53:03] | And then, you’ve gotta come out of the gate storming. | 之后 就需在短时间内清仓 |
[53:05] | No swaps. No nothing. | 不要搞什么掉期交易 |
[53:05] | 掉期交易 交易双方约定在未来某一时期 相互交换某种资产的交易形式 | |
[53:08] | 40 percent done by 10:15; by 11 o’clock | 到十点一刻卖出百分之四十 到十一点 |
[53:10] | all your trades have to be gone. | 要完成所有交易 |
[53:12] | ‘Cos by lunch-time | 因为到了午饭时间 |
[53:13] | words are gonna be out. | 消息就会传开的 |
[53:15] | And by two o’clock you’ll be | 到了下午两点 |
[53:16] | getting 65 cents on the dollar, if you’re lucky, | 原价一美元能卖六十五美分你已经算走运了 |
[53:19] | and the feds will be in here up your ass, | 而且到时候证监局会找上门来 |
[53:21] | trying to slow us down. | 试图减慢我们抛售的速度 |
[53:23] | – Ramesh? – They can slow you down… | -拉梅什 -他们能让我们减速 |
[53:25] | but they can’t stop you. It’s yours to sell. | 但是不能阻止你 你有权出售 |
[53:27] | John, even if.. | 约翰 即使 |
[53:31] | we manage to pull that off, and that’s saying something, | 我们能全部抛售掉 事实上很困难 |
[53:35] | the real question is | 真正的问题是 |
[53:37] | who are we selling this to? | 我们卖给谁啊 |
[53:39] | The same people we’ve been selling | 卖给这两年里的 |
[53:40] | to for the last two years, and whoever else will buy it. | 老客户以及所有愿意买的人 |
[53:44] | But John, if you do this, | 但是约翰 如果你这么干 |
[53:47] | you would’ve killed that market for years. It’s over. | 你会让整个市场消沉好几年 一切都完了 |
[53:52] | And you are selling something that you know has no value. | 而且你明知道卖出的东西一文不值 |
[53:56] | We are selling to willing buyers | 我们以公平的市场价格 |
[53:58] | at a current fair market price, | 卖给那些有意愿的买家 |
[54:01] | so that we may survive! | 只求生存下来 |
[54:05] | You’ll never sell anything to any of those people ever again. | 那你再也别想和这些人做买卖了 |
[54:09] | – I understand. – Do you? | -我懂的 -真的吗 |
[54:11] | Do You? | 你懂吗 |
[54:13] | This is it! | 这就是现实 |
[54:14] | I’m telling you. This is it. | 告诉你 这就是现实 |
[54:28] | Now it’s four o’clock. | 四点了 |
[54:30] | Jared you’ve got till 5:00 | 贾德 五点之前 |
[54:32] | to break this down and draw me up a plan. | 你要搞定这问题 想个对策出来 |
[54:33] | Is there anybody else who | 还有谁 |
[54:35] | knows what’s in here at the moment, block by block? | 知道这事儿吗 |
[54:38] | Eric Dale. | 艾瑞克·戴尔 |
[54:40] | Where is he? | 他人呢 |
[54:42] | As of today he is no longer with the firm. | 昨天我们把他解雇了 |
[54:45] | We have been trying to locate him. | 我们正试着找到他 |
[54:51] | – Carmelo? – Yes? | -卡梅隆 -是的 |
[54:52] | Get me Eric Dale here by six. | 六点之前把艾瑞克·戴尔带来 |
[54:55] | It’s done. | 没问题 |
[54:57] | We meet back here in an hour. | 我们过一小时在这里集中 |
[55:01] | Sam, let’s talk. | 萨姆 我们谈谈 |
[55:16] | This is a hell of a town. | 这城市真雄伟啊 |
[55:20] | I’ve always loved this place. | 我一直很喜欢这里 |
[55:21] | Since the day I arived. | 从我来这儿的第一天起 |
[55:23] | Everything about it. | 就喜欢上了这里的一切 |
[55:33] | Sam, are you gonna go with me on this? | 萨姆 这件事上你支持我吗 |
[55:38] | I don’t know John. | 我不知道 约翰 |
[55:42] | This one is very ugly. | 这做法太卑鄙了 |
[55:45] | You and I were salesmen. | 我们都干过销售 |
[55:48] | We sell. That’s what we do. | 我们负责销售 是我们的本职 |
[55:50] | It’s not complicated. | 一点不复杂 |
[55:51] | Exactly. | 确实如此 |
[55:53] | And you know damn well | 你也清楚 |
[55:54] | you don’t make sell anyting to anybody | 我们销售的前提的是 |
[55:55] | unless you think the guy is gonna come back for more. | 确定买家会再次光顾 |
[55:57] | That’s the lesson we learned. | 那是我们的信条 |
[55:59] | And tomorrow we are done. | 但是明天你要我们背信弃义 |
[56:01] | But this is it, Sam. | 但现实如此 萨姆 |
[56:02] | You keep saying that. | 你老说这话 |
[56:03] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 到底什么意思 |
[56:05] | This is the big one. | 这是次很大的劫数 |
[56:07] | Most of us aren’t gonna make it out of this one. | 我们中的很多人过不了这关 |
[56:10] | – Us? – The street. | -什么我们 -干我们这行的 |
[56:13] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么啊 |
[56:15] | This isn’t the last situation i will have to deal with this week. | 这不会是我这周收拾的最后一个烂摊 |
[56:18] | This is just the start. | 这只是个开始 |
[56:20] | It’s the start because you are starting it. | 那只是因为你起了头 |
[56:22] | Maybe. But I don’t believe that. | 或许吧 但是我不相信 |
[56:23] | Not this time. | 这次不一样 |
[56:25] | The numbers just don’t add up anymore. | 这些资产怎么估值都不对 |
[56:28] | Well, I agree with you there. | 这点我同意 |
[56:29] | I’ve been saying that for years. | 这话我都说了好几年了 |
[56:31] | I mean if this kid out there can come up with this thing… | 如果门外那孩子都能发觉这点 |
[56:36] | I don’t think I can go in knowing what I know | 我觉得我不能装不知道 |
[56:39] | and put the hammer down on these guys like this. | 而把这残酷现实让他们负担 |
[56:41] | When did you start becoming so soft, Sam? | 萨姆 你什么时候这么软弱了 |
[56:44] | Fuck you soft, you’re panicking. | 去你妈的软弱 你都惊慌失措了 |
[56:50] | If you’re the first one out the door, | 第一个离席的 |
[56:52] | that’s not called panicking. | 那不叫惊慌失措 |
[57:00] | Well, you are obviously | 显然 |
[57:01] | operating with more information than I have. | 你知道的消息比我多 |
[57:06] | But I think this could destroy this firm. | 但我认为这么做会毁了这家公司 |
[57:09] | No one will ever trust you again. | 没人再会相信你 |
[57:10] | Knowingly putting people out of business. Full stop. | 你故意把别人排挤出这行 不给别人后路 |
[57:16] | Let me deal with that, Sam. | 这是我的事 萨姆 |
[57:34] | How’d that go? | 怎么样了 |
[57:35] | This is a fucking shit show. | 这真是场难看的表演 |
[57:38] | – They are gonna go with it? – Probably. | -他们会那么做吗 -很可能 |
[57:42] | Jesus! | 老天啊 |
[57:45] | Remember this day boys. | 伙计们 牢记这一天 |
[57:49] | Remember this day. | 牢记这一天 |
[58:06] | What’s the strategy here? | 你有什么对策 |
[58:08] | Well, that’s why I’m headed downstairs, | 我这不正要下楼去 |
[58:10] | to work it with my guys. | 和手下一起研究呢么 |
[58:12] | No, not you and I with John. | 不是的 我是指我们对付约翰的策略 |
[58:20] | I’m not sure that we need one. | 我觉得那个没必要吧 |
[58:21] | Sarah. That’s not the way I do things. | 萨拉 这不是我做事的风格 |
[58:24] | Please. | 拜托 |
[58:28] | Listen, he knows where we are still on this. | 听着 他知道我们在这件事上的立场 |
[58:31] | All along. | 他一直都清楚 |
[58:33] | That’s exactly my point. | 我就是这个意思 |
[58:35] | And knowing what was discussed by both you and I, | 考虑到那些我们谈论过的事情 |
[58:40] | I don’t think this could provide you with anything | 你这种态度除了能稍许聊以自慰之外 |
[58:43] | other than a false sense of comfort. | 对你没有任何好处 |
[58:46] | I’m not looking for sense of comfort. | 我不是在寻求安慰 |
[58:50] | I don’t think there’s one to be found. | 我知道根本找不到安慰 |
[59:03] | So again, what’s the strategy? | 再问一遍 我们怎么应对 |
[59:08] | I’m just not sure there’s much more to do in this. | 我认为这事儿已经无能为力了 |
[59:11] | It’s very simple. | 事情很简单 |
[59:13] | Don’t even think of fucking me on this. | 别打算拿我当替罪羊 |
[59:17] | Because if we are going down, | 因为如果我倒了 |
[59:20] | you damn well know we’ll be together. | 我会拖你一起下水的 你知道的 |
[59:24] | No, I’m not sure I do know that. | 不 我不怎么清楚 |
[59:52] | Oh, I am sorry. | 差点忘了 |
[1:00:07] | What do you guys think Tuld made last year? | 你们猜图德去年赚了多少钱 |
[1:00:12] | Would you shut the fuck up. | 你就不能少说两句 |
[1:00:14] | 86 mil. | 八千六百万 |
[1:00:17] | In bonuses and salary. | 包括薪水和奖金 |
[1:00:20] | Really? | 真的 |
[1:00:20] | Sure, it’s public record. | 当然 这是公布的数据 |
[1:00:22] | It is a lot of fucking money. | 真特么钱多 |
[1:00:25] | He was worth a billion. | 他曾经身价十个亿 |
[1:00:27] | Was? | 曾经 |
[1:00:29] | Until today. | 到今天为止 |
[1:00:31] | You know? | 你怎么知道 |
[1:00:34] | We will see. | 走着瞧 |
[1:00:39] | I am gonna get some coffee and do you want something else. | 我去买点咖啡 你们还要什么吗 |
[1:00:41] | I am alright. | 我够了 |
[1:00:42] | I could use some real air. | 我要出去透透气 |
[1:00:44] | Probably a good idea. | 这主意不错 |
[1:00:45] | Is it all right, Will? | 威尔 没问题吧 |
[1:00:46] | With what all right? | 什么没问题 |
[1:00:47] | Try to get out and get something? | 去外面买点东西 |
[1:00:48] | Of course, it’s not a prison. | 当然没问题 又不是监狱 |
[1:00:50] | Do you want me to hold your hand? | 要我拉你的手吗 |
[1:00:57] | Why do they put all these fruit on it? | 这上面怎么放了那么多水果 |
[1:01:09] | Hello, Will Emerson. | 你好 我是威尔·埃默森 |
[1:01:11] | Hello? | 你好 |
[1:01:16] | Right, no, thank you. I understand. | 不 谢谢 我理解 |
[1:01:24] | No, we’ll be discreet. | 不 我们会很小心的 |
[1:01:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:01:29] | What? | 怎么了 |
[1:01:30] | Eric’s wife. | 是艾瑞克的夫人打来的 |
[1:01:31] | He’s alive, he’s home. | 艾瑞克还活着 他在家 |
[1:01:32] | He doesn’t wanna speak to us. | 他不想和我们说话 |
[1:01:33] | He doesn’t know she rang me. | 她是偷偷给我们打电话的 |
[1:01:35] | Where’s he live? | 他住哪里 |
[1:01:36] | The heights. | 庄园那边 |
[1:01:37] | Should we call Tuld’s guy? | 要通知图德的人吗 |
[1:01:38] | No. | 不 |
[1:01:39] | It’s Eric. | 考虑到艾瑞克的个性 |
[1:01:40] | The last thing we need | 千万别 |
[1:01:41] | is those guys going over there, | 让那些人赶过去 |
[1:01:42] | you two go try to get him and try to bring him in. | 就你们俩去接他 把他带来 |
[1:01:43] | But you’ve got to be back here by 6:00 AM. | 但你们六点前必须回来 |
[1:01:49] | I hate Brooklyn. | 我讨厌布鲁克林 |
[1:01:55] | May I come in? | 我能进来吗 |
[1:01:57] | Of course, please, sit down. | 当然 请进 请坐 |
[1:02:10] | We are going to do this thing. | 我们准备这么干了 |
[1:02:15] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:02:18] | It’s going to be tight. | 局势会很紧张的 |
[1:02:22] | Is Sam on board? | 萨姆同意了吗 |
[1:02:24] | Not yet. | 还没有 |
[1:02:29] | Sarah, | 萨拉 |
[1:02:30] | I need a head. | 我要有人为这件事负责 |
[1:02:32] | to feed to the traders on the floor and the board. | 给那些交易员和董事会一个交代 |
[1:02:39] | Is it me or Cohen? | 责任在我还是科恩 |
[1:02:41] | It’s you. | 在你 |
[1:02:52] | Of course you are well aware I filtered | 你应该很清楚 在这方面 |
[1:02:55] | several warnings to you and Cohen about this. | 我警告过你和科恩好几次 |
[1:02:58] | A year ago. | 就在一年前 |
[1:02:59] | I really don’t think that’s | 我真的认为你不该在 |
[1:03:01] | the best path for you to be taking at this point. | 此时此刻做这样的申辩 |
[1:03:08] | You’re going to be well taken care of. | 我们不会亏待你的 |
[1:03:13] | Obviously it’s quite complicated. | 显然 这事儿非常复杂 |
[1:03:18] | John I was told that in no uncertain terms… | 约翰 当年我被告知无论如何… |
[1:03:20] | It was always a very grey area. | 这事情的边界一直很模糊 |
[1:03:22] | Actually it was made very clear at the time, | 事实上当时界定得非常清楚 |
[1:03:25] | by you and I and Cohen. | 你我和科恩共同制定的 |
[1:03:29] | I’d really prefer that you didn’t fight me on this… | 我真的希望你别和我争辩了 |
[1:03:45] | We all fucked this one up pretty good. | 这事儿我们都搞砸了 |
[1:03:48] | Yes. | 没错 |
[1:03:52] | We need you to stay here | 我们要你留在公司 |
[1:03:53] | till this is finished and the markets close. | 直到抛弃完毕并且收盘 |
[1:03:56] | I understand. | 我知道 |
[1:04:00] | They’ll go over the numbers with you downstairs. | 他们会在楼下和你商量赔偿金的数额 |
[1:04:04] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[1:04:23] | Oh fuck, Jared is coming. | 糟了 贾德来了 |
[1:04:26] | What’s the boy wonder want? | 那神奇小子来着干嘛 |
[1:04:34] | You got a minute? | 你有空吗 |
[1:04:35] | We’re just off to pick up Eric. | 我们正准备去接艾瑞克 |
[1:04:36] | Yeah I know. Will only take a second. | 我知道 就说几句话 |
[1:04:38] | Alright, what is it? | 好的 怎么了 |
[1:04:40] | Tuld and I have concerns that Sam, | 图德和我对萨姆有疑虑 |
[1:04:42] | may not be step up and do the right thing. | 担心他可能会退缩 无法做出正确的决定 |
[1:04:46] | It’s never been a problem. | 这情况从没发生过 |
[1:04:47] | No, it hasn’t. | 确实没有 |
[1:04:48] | But, sometimes in an acute situation, such as this… | 但是在有些紧急的情况下 比如现在 |
[1:04:52] | often what is right | 所谓正确的决定 |
[1:04:54] | can take on mutiple interpretations. | 往往有不同的诠释 |
[1:05:01] | Sam will step up. | 萨姆会挺身而出的 |
[1:05:03] | Oh, I know. He will. | 我知道他会的 |
[1:05:04] | But if he doesn’t, if he doesn’t. | 但是万一他没有 |
[1:05:08] | We need to know that you will. | 我们得知道你可以 |
[1:05:13] | You need to know that, I will what? | 你们要确信我能够什么呢 |
[1:05:16] | That you will step up. | 能够挺身而出 |
[1:05:19] | I have not doubt that Sam will make the right decision. | 我相信萨姆会做出正确的决定的 |
[1:05:23] | But, just to make it clear. | 但我还是澄清下 |
[1:05:24] | He and I always have the same interpretation of what’s right. | 对于正确决定的诠释我和他一直是一致的 |
[1:05:29] | No matter how acute the situation. | 不管情况如何紧急 |
[1:08:17] | Jesus, that’s a nice place. | 天啊 这房子真漂亮 |
[1:08:19] | Yeah, it is. He just bought it. | 是的 他才买不久 |
[1:08:23] | I hope it was with cash. | 希望他是全款买的 |
[1:08:26] | Fuck me. You are a heartless little shit sometimes. | 我操 有时候你真是个没良心的小混蛋 |
[1:08:30] | And it wasn’t. | 是分期的 |
[1:08:34] | Don’t touch any of the buttons! | 别碰车上的按钮 |
[1:08:43] | What are you doing here? | 你来干什么 |
[1:08:52] | So Peter finished that model you were working on. | 皮特完成了你研究的模型 |
[1:08:56] | Really? | 是吗 |
[1:08:57] | Caused a shit storm. | 搞得鸡犬不宁啊 |
[1:08:59] | I bet it did. | 我想也是 |
[1:09:02] | Do you think he’s right? | 你觉得他算得对吗 |
[1:09:04] | I know he’s right. | 我知道他是对的 |
[1:09:17] | Jared Cohen called an emergency | 昨晚贾德·科恩 |
[1:09:19] | meeting of the senior partners last night. | 召集高级合伙人召开了紧急会议 |
[1:09:22] | Based on your findings, | 根据你的研究 |
[1:09:24] | they’ve decided to liquidate our entire position. | 他们决定要将持有的所有债券资产清仓 |
[1:09:28] | Today! | 就今天 |
[1:09:32] | I am very sorry about that. | 我对此很抱歉 |
[1:09:40] | They are worried about you being out here. | 你不留在公司 他们有所顾虑 |
[1:09:42] | And they want me to get you back. | 他们让我把你接回去 |
[1:09:44] | – Jesus! – I’m just saying. | -老天 -我就说说 |
[1:09:47] | Fuck that. | 想都别想 |
[1:09:48] | Don’t be rash. | 你别冲动 |
[1:09:50] | Forget it, I’ve signed my papers. I’m out! | 没门儿 我签了解聘合同 我不玩了 |
[1:09:55] | They will pay you. | 他们会付你补偿金 |
[1:09:56] | I’ve been paid enough, already. | 他们已经付了很多了 |
[1:10:07] | Did you know I built a bridge once? | 你知道吗 我以前造过座桥 |
[1:10:10] | Sorry? | 什么 |
[1:10:11] | A bridge. | 一座桥 |
[1:10:13] | No, I didn’t know that. | 不 我不知道 |
[1:10:15] | I was an engineer by trade. | 我以前是个工程师 |
[1:10:20] | It went from Dilles Bottom Ohio to Moundsville West Virgina. | 这桥连接俄亥俄的多士巴和西维吉尼亚的玛瑟夫 |
[1:10:24] | It spans 912 feet above the Ohio river. | 在俄亥俄州河面上横跨912英尺[约277米] |
[1:10:26] | 12,100 people a day use this thing a day. | 每天有一万两千一百人通过 |
[1:10:30] | And It cut out 35 miles | 这桥把从惠灵到新马顿赛 |
[1:10:32] | of extra driving each way, between Wheeling and New Martinsville. | 的单程距离缩短了三十五英里 |
[1:10:36] | That’s a combined 847,000 miles of driving, a day. | 一天总共是八十四万七千英里 |
[1:10:42] | Worth 25,410,000 miles a month; | 一个月 两千五百四十一万英里 |
[1:10:48] | and 304 millions 920,000 miles a year. | 一年 三亿四百九十二万英里 |
[1:10:53] | Saved. | 就这么节省下来了 |
[1:10:55] | Now, I completed that project in 1986. | 那桥是我在1986年完成的 |
[1:10:58] | That’s 22 years ago. | 就是二十二年前 |
[1:11:00] | So, over the life of that one bridge | 从桥建成以后算起 |
[1:11:02] | that’s 6 billion708 million240 thousand miles | 总共节省了 |
[1:11:09] | that haven’t had to be driven! | 六十七亿八百二十四万英里的车程 |
[1:11:11] | At what? Let’s say 50 miles an hour | 时速呢 就算五十英里每小时吧 |
[1:11:14] | So, that’s | 那就是 |
[1:11:16] | a 134 million, 164 thousand 800 hours… | 一亿三千四百十六万四千八百小时 |
[1:11:20] | or | 也就是 |
[1:11:21] | 559 thousand 20 days. | 五十五万九千零二十天 |
[1:11:24] | So that one little bridge has saved the people | 这么一座小桥 |
[1:11:26] | of those two communities a combined, | 让这两个社区的居民 |
[1:11:28] | 1531 years of their lives | 总共节省了一千五百三十一年 |
[1:11:32] | not wasted in a fucking car. | 不用浪费在车厢里 |
[1:11:39] | One thousand five hundred and 31 years! | 一千五百三十一年啊 |
[1:11:42] | Jesus. | 老天啊 |
[1:11:55] | I guess you better get back over there. | 我想你还是快公司吧 |
[1:12:02] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[1:12:07] | Thanks for coming by. | 谢谢你专程拜访 |
[1:12:09] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[1:12:15] | Who the fuck is this? | 谁他妈的又来了啊 |
[1:12:16] | I’d imagine it’s the firm’s people. | 我猜是公司派来的 |
[1:12:19] | What? | 什么 |
[1:12:20] | Tuld doesn’t want any loose ends. | 图德做事滴水不漏 |
[1:12:24] | He fired me. | 他炒了我 |
[1:12:25] | Fuck them.Fuck them. | 去他妈的 |
[1:12:27] | I totally agree. Fuck them. So, come back, | 我非常赞同 去他们的 所以你回来 |
[1:12:29] | take the money, you’ll be home by five. | 拿了钱 五点前就能到家 |
[1:12:32] | Otherwise, they are going to fight you on everything. | 否则 他们会处处和你作对的 |
[1:12:34] | They are going to fight you on the package, the options… | 在你遣散合同的条款上搞些小动作 |
[1:12:38] | Be smart. | 你要聪明点 |
[1:12:46] | Well, you’re a better man than I. | 好吧 你一直是个好人 |
[1:12:49] | That’s always been true. | 我一直比你好 |
[1:12:50] | Yes, it has. | 是的 |
[1:12:57] | The house looks good. | 这房子看上去不错 |
[1:13:00] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:13:03] | Hey Eric… | 艾瑞克 |
[1:13:05] | don’t beat yourself up too much about this stuff, alright? | 别太计较这些数据 |
[1:13:09] | Some people like driving the long way home. | 有些人就是喜欢绕远路回家 |
[1:13:13] | Who the fuck knows. Right? | 谁知道呢 对吧 |
[1:13:47] | There he is. | 你在这里啊 |
[1:13:50] | John. | 约翰 |
[1:13:53] | How’s it looking? | 情况怎么样 |
[1:13:55] | Cohen has done a nice job. It can work. | 科恩干得不错 计划行得通 |
[1:13:58] | What does that mean? | 你这话什么意思 |
[1:14:01] | It means, as you very well know, | 意思是 正如你所知 |
[1:14:06] | that you are a very important piece of this puzzle. | 你是这个计划中很重要的一环 |
[1:14:41] | It’s very generous. | 你好大方啊 |
[1:14:43] | It’s not a gift. | 不是白送你的 |
[1:14:45] | I need to know you are with me on this. | 我得确信你会在我这边 |
[1:14:51] | I’m with the firm John. | 我站在公司这边 |
[1:14:56] | I won’t get what I need out of | 只有当你的手下相信你时 |
[1:14:57] | your boys on the floor, unless they believe you. | 他们才能完成好交给他们的任务 |
[1:15:02] | Unless they believe in you completely. | 你得博得他们完全的信任 |
[1:15:09] | Are you in, on this? | 你同不同意呢 |
[1:15:12] | I told you my reservations. | 我说过 我有底线的 |
[1:15:14] | You can’t have reservations! | 你不能有任何底线 |
[1:15:17] | And I need to know now. | 我现在就要知道这点 |
[1:15:21] | Look John..I’m completely with the firm, | 约翰 我完全站在公司这边 |
[1:15:24] | as I always have been. Excuse me. | 一如既往 借过 |
[1:15:55] | Alright, Will. Am I getting fired? | 威尔 我会被解雇吗 |
[1:15:58] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:16:03] | Yeah, almost definitely yes. | 嗯 几乎是裁定了 |
[1:16:10] | – Are you? – No. | -那你呢 -我没事 |
[1:16:14] | Seth, it’s nothing you did. | 塞思 并不是你的错 |
[1:16:15] | You’re just in a wrong firm, in a wrong time. | 你只是在错误的时间进了错误的公司 |
[1:16:18] | Young guys are always the one to get called. | 年轻员工总是最先被裁 |
[1:16:21] | Listen, nothing I can say will make you feel better | 听着 不管我怎么说也不会让你好受点 |
[1:16:23] | It’s gonna suck for a while… and then you’ll be fine. | 难过一阵子 你就振作起来了 |
[1:16:31] | You alright? | 你还好吗 |
[1:16:34] | Yeah, yeah. I’m fine. | 嗯 还好 |
[1:16:36] | For what it’s worth, I’m sorry this is happening to you. | 不管有用没用 我很抱歉这事让你赶上了 |
[1:16:42] | Don’t be. You didn’t do it to me. | 别这样想 不是你裁的我 |
[1:16:44] | Still, At least you’re | 不过 你至少 |
[1:16:45] | gonna have some nice cash to walk away with. | 有一笔丰厚的遣散费 |
[1:16:47] | I guess. | 大概吧 |
[1:16:49] | This is really gonna effect people. | 人们会受此牵连 |
[1:16:51] | Yeah, it’s gonna affect people like me. | 是啊 我就要受牵连 |
[1:16:52] | No, real people. | 不是 我指普通人 |
[1:16:56] | Jesus, Seth. | 天哪 塞思 |
[1:16:58] | If you really wanna do this with your life, | 如果你真想干这一行 |
[1:16:59] | you have to believe you’re necessary. | 你得相信这世界少了你不转 |
[1:17:01] | And you are. | 事实也如此 |
[1:17:02] | People wanna live like this, | 人们要想过现在这种的生活 |
[1:17:03] | in their cars and their big fucking houses, | 开好车 住他妈的大房子 |
[1:17:05] | that they can’t even pay for. | 即使他们根本负担不起 |
[1:17:06] | Then, you’re necessary. | 他们有所求 你有所与 |
[1:17:08] | The only reason, that they all get continue living like kings is | 他们能帝王般地享受一切的唯一原因 |
[1:17:11] | ‘cos we got our fingers on the scales in their favour. | 是我们为他们推高了信贷额度 |
[1:17:14] | I take my hand off. | 要是我们不玩了 |
[1:17:16] | Well then the whole world gets really fucking fair, | 整个世界都会他妈地急速变公平了 |
[1:17:19] | really fucking quickly and nobody asks you one shite. | 而且没人会对你放半句屁 |
[1:17:21] | They said they do but they won’t. | 他们说过会有意见 但实际上没有 |
[1:17:23] | They want what we’ve to give them, | 他们想要我们提供的一切 |
[1:17:25] | but they also wanna you know, | 但是也想装装无辜 |
[1:17:27] | play innocent and pretend they’ve no idea where it came from. | 搞得这一切像是天上掉的馅饼 |
[1:17:29] | That’s more hypocracy than I’m willing to swallow. | 我受不了这种虚伪 |
[1:17:31] | So, fuck. | 所以 去死吧 |
[1:17:33] | Fuck normal people! | 操他妈的普通人 |
[1:17:35] | You know, the funny thing is, | 搞笑的是 |
[1:17:36] | tommorow, if all of these goes tits up, | 到了明天 如果一切万劫不复 |
[1:17:39] | they’re gonna crucify us, | 他们会对我们口诛笔伐 |
[1:17:41] | for being, too reckless. | 怪我们太肆无忌惮 |
[1:17:42] | But if we are wrong, | 但是如果我们错了呢 |
[1:17:44] | and everything gets back on track? | 一切恢复如旧呢 |
[1:17:47] | Well then, the same people | 同样一批人 |
[1:17:48] | are gonna laugh until they piss their pants. | 会笑我们笑到小便失禁 |
[1:17:49] | because we are gonna look like the | 因为我们看起来就是 |
[1:17:51] | biggest pussies that God ever let through the door. | 上帝造物以来最大的胆小鬼 |
[1:17:57] | Do you think we are gonna be wrong? | 你觉得我们错了吗 |
[1:18:01] | Nah, I don’t know… fuck. | 我不知道 操 |
[1:18:19] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[1:18:21] | Peter… | 皮特 |
[1:18:23] | you want one? | 来一支吗 |
[1:18:25] | I don’t smoke. | 我不抽烟 |
[1:18:26] | That’s good. I don’t much either. | 那很好 我也不常抽 |
[1:18:41] | You tired? | 你疲倦吗 |
[1:18:44] | Of what? | 对什么疲倦 |
[1:18:45] | Remember, I don’t work as hard as you do. | 记着 我工作没你那么认真 |
[1:18:47] | Oh, That’s not true. | 哪有的事 |
[1:18:48] | No, it is…actually. | 不 真的 |
[1:18:53] | – Are we all getting fired after today? – Probably. | -我们今天全都会被裁吗 -应该吧 |
[1:18:58] | Are they going to fire you? | 你也会被裁吗 |
[1:19:00] | Well, they won’t exactly call it that. | 他们不会用这个词 |
[1:19:04] | but… it’ll be a mercy killing really. | 但 基本上是安乐死 |
[1:19:06] | You don’t have to stand out here for me. | 你不必来这儿陪我 |
[1:19:09] | No, I know. I really don’t want to go back in there just yet. | 不是 我懂 只是还不想回到那里面 |
[1:19:14] | I understand that. | 我明白你的感受 |
[1:19:18] | I think I know your son. | 我好像认识你儿子 |
[1:19:20] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[1:19:21] | Not well… | 不是很熟… |
[1:19:22] | but, he always seemed like a nice person. | 但是 他看起来总是很和善 |
[1:19:25] | He is a nice person. | 他是很和善 |
[1:19:28] | I guess you could say worse about a guy. | 我猜这评价不差 |
[1:19:31] | Does he know what’s about to happen? | 他知道将要发生什么吗 |
[1:19:34] | What do you mean? | 你指什么 |
[1:19:37] | Did you talk to him? | 你和他谈过此事吗 |
[1:19:40] | No. I hadn’t even thought. | 没有 我想都没想过 |
[1:19:49] | They’re all coming in now. | 他们全来了 |
[1:19:52] | Yes they are. | 是啊 来了 |
[1:19:59] | Have you ever done anything like this? | 你之前做过类似的事么 |
[1:20:02] | No… never…. not even close. | 没有 从没 想都没想过 |
[1:20:13] | Are you sure..it’s the only… | 你确定这么做是唯一的 |
[1:20:17] | or the… right thing to do? | 或者是正确的办法吗 |
[1:20:22] | For who? | 对谁而言呢 |
[1:20:26] | I’m not sure. | 我不确定 |
[1:20:28] | Neither am I. | 我也不确定 |
[1:22:14] | You alright? | 你没事吧 |
[1:22:17] | You are about to fire me. | 你马上就要炒我鱿鱼了 |
[1:22:35] | You know, this is.. this is all I’ve ever wanted to do. | 这是 这是我一直想做的工作 |
[1:22:46] | Really? | 是吗 |
[1:23:16] | They’re almost ready for you, Ms. Robinson. | 他们差不多准备好见您了 罗伯逊小姐 |
[1:23:18] | Couple of minutes. | 几分钟就好 |
[1:23:23] | You as well, huh? | 你也被裁了 是吧 |
[1:23:26] | Yes. | 是 |
[1:23:27] | Jesus! | 天哪 |
[1:23:31] | Sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[1:23:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:23:48] | I didn’t think they were going to be able to get you back here. | 没想到他们能把你叫回来 |
[1:23:54] | They told me they were going to | 他们跟我说接下来的两年里 |
[1:23:56] | drag me through hell on everything the next two years… | 会在所有事情上跟我磨叽 |
[1:23:58] | my options, my healthcare, | 我的股票期权 健康保险 |
[1:24:00] | or I could come back here and make… | 或者我可以回来 |
[1:24:04] | $176,471.00 an hour… | 每小时挣十七万六千四百七十一美元… |
[1:24:08] | to sit quietly in this room. | 只须安静地坐在这个房间里 |
[1:24:12] | I couldn’t see much of choice. | 我没太多选择的余地 |
[1:24:15] | It never is. | 从来都没有太多余地的 |
[1:24:21] | Obviously, looking back, | 显然 现在看来 |
[1:24:23] | it was expressed with insufficient urgency… | 你的意见未能被充分重视 |
[1:24:29] | but your point was passed on… | 但我是有考虑过的 |
[1:24:31] | I need you to know that. | 我希望你知道这一点 |
[1:24:33] | Eric. | 艾瑞克 |
[1:24:35] | It’s okay, I understand, believe me. | 没关系 我明白 相信我 |
[1:24:38] | there was nothing you could have done. | 当时你已尽全力 |
[1:24:41] | I guess… | 我想 |
[1:24:45] | at the time… it didn’t seem like there was much of a choice. | 当时也似乎没有太多选择 |
[1:24:49] | It never does. | 从来都是这样 |
[1:25:01] | You have kids, yeah? | 你有小孩 是吧 |
[1:25:13] | What is your package going to be like? | 你的遣散补偿怎么样 |
[1:25:19] | I don’t know, that’s what I’m waiting for now. | 不知道 正在等呢 |
[1:25:22] | It probably be pretty good. | 大概会很好 |
[1:25:26] | It better be. | 最好如此 |
[1:25:43] | Thank you all for coming in a little early this morning, | 谢谢你们今天能提早上班 |
[1:25:47] | I know yesterday was pretty bad, | 我知道昨天是个很糟糕一天 |
[1:25:48] | and I wish I could say that today is going to be less so, | 我也希望今天能好点 |
[1:25:50] | but that isn’t going to be the case. | 但是难以如愿了 |
[1:25:52] | Now, I am supposed to read this statement here to you all here, | 现在我本该向你们宣读这份声明 |
[1:25:55] | but how bout you read it on your own time | 何不你们自己找时间读读它 |
[1:25:56] | and I’ll just tell you what the fuck’s going on here. | 我来说说都他妈地发生了什么 |
[1:26:00] | I’ve been here all night | 昨晚我一直在公司 |
[1:26:02] | meeting with the executive committee | 与执行委员会的人开会 |
[1:26:05] | and the decision has been made to | 我们决定 |
[1:26:06] | unwind a considerable portion of the firm’s holdings | 将公司所持有的好几种主要金融资产 |
[1:26:09] | in several key asset classes. | 大量抛售 |
[1:26:14] | The crux of it is… in the firm’s thinking | 理由是 从公司的角度看 |
[1:26:18] | the party is over as of this morning. | 繁荣市场到此为止 |
[1:26:21] | There is going to be considerable turmoil | 在可以预见的未来 |
[1:26:23] | in the markets for the foreseeable future. | 市场会动荡不安 |
[1:26:26] | And they believe… it is better, | 高层们相信 最好是 |
[1:26:28] | that this turmoil begin with us… | 由我们来开启战端 |
[1:26:33] | as a result… | 因此 |
[1:26:35] | the firm has decided to liquidate | 公司决定 |
[1:26:37] | its majority positions of fixed income MBS.. | 平掉大部分抵押债券证券化资产的仓位 |
[1:26:41] | today. | 今天之内 |
[1:26:44] | These are your packets, | 这些是你们的任务 |
[1:26:45] | you will see what accounts you are responsible for today. | 里面有你们今天要负责的账户 |
[1:26:50] | I’m sure it hasn’t taken you long to.. | 我相信过不了多久 |
[1:26:54] | understand the implications of this sale, | 你们就会明白这次清仓的影响 |
[1:26:57] | on your relationships with your counter-parties | 对你与对手盘的关系 |
[1:26:59] | and as a result… on your careers. | 以及因此对你职业生涯的影响 |
[1:27:03] | I have expressed this | 我已向执行委员会 |
[1:27:05] | reality | 阐释过 |
[1:27:07] | to the executive committee | 此类影响 |
[1:27:08] | and they understand. | 他们也理解 |
[1:27:09] | As a result, | 因此 |
[1:27:11] | if you achieve a 93% sale of your assets… | 如果你能卖出所负责仓位的93% |
[1:27:15] | you will receive | 将一次性获得 |
[1:27:16] | a 1.4 million dollar one off bonus. | 一百四十万美元奖励 |
[1:27:20] | If the floor as a whole achieves a 93% sale | 如果整个交易部能达到93%的目标 |
[1:27:25] | you will get an addition | 你将再获得额外的 |
[1:27:26] | 1.3 million dollars a piece. | 一百三十万 |
[1:27:31] | For those of you who have never been through this before, | 你们有些人可能从没见过这种场面 |
[1:27:34] | this is what the beginning of a fire sale looks like. | 这就是贱价大甩卖的开始 |
[1:27:37] | I cannot begin to tell you | 前一个半小时的重要性 |
[1:27:39] | how important first hour and half is gonna be. | 我无论怎么强调都不过分 |
[1:27:41] | I want you to hit every bite you can find. | 我要你们抓住所有能找到的买家 |
[1:27:44] | Dealers, brokers, clients… | 代理商 经纪人 客户 |
[1:27:46] | Your mother, if she’s buying. | 甚至你妈 如果她想买的话 |
[1:27:49] | No swaps. | 不准有掉期交易 |
[1:27:51] | It’s outgoing only, today. | 纯粹卖出 今天就卖 |
[1:27:56] | Obviously, | 显然 |
[1:27:57] | this isn’t going down the way that any of us would’ve hoped, | 我们都不希望这样的事发生 |
[1:27:59] | but… | 但是 |
[1:28:02] | the ground is shifting below our feet, | 现在情势岌岌可危 |
[1:28:05] | and apparently, there is no other way out. | 而且明显无路可退 |
[1:28:26] | Guys… | 伙计们 |
[1:28:30] | this is obviously, a very very unique situation… | 显然 这是一个非常独特的情境 |
[1:28:34] | If we are successful today, | 如果我们今天成功了 |
[1:28:37] | we will have been successful in destroying our own jobs… | 那么也成功地毁掉了自己的工作 |
[1:28:42] | I can not promise that any of you… all of you… | 我无法承诺你们大家 任何人 |
[1:28:46] | Some of you would be repositioned within the firm. | 你们中有些人会留在公司重新安排职位 |
[1:28:50] | But I can tell you that, | 但我可以说 |
[1:28:52] | I am very proud of the work we’ve done here today. | 我为迄今我们所成就的一切感到自豪 |
[1:28:58] | I have been at this place, | 我在这地方待了有 |
[1:29:00] | 34 years, | 三十四年了 |
[1:29:03] | I can tell you from experience | 经验之谈 我可以告诉你们 |
[1:29:04] | that people are going to say some very nasty things | 对于我们今天的所作所为 |
[1:29:06] | about what we do here today, | 对于这段人生历程 |
[1:29:08] | about what you’ve dedicated a portion of your lives to. | 人们一定会唾弃不已 |
[1:29:13] | But have faith that in the bigger picture, | 但是眼光放远点 |
[1:29:18] | our skills have not been wasted, | 我们的技艺没有浪费 |
[1:29:21] | we have accomplished much, | 我们成就了很多 |
[1:29:23] | and our talents | 我们的才华 |
[1:29:25] | have been used… | 是用来造福 |
[1:29:28] | for the greater good. | 整个社会 |
[1:29:31] | Here’s your packets, get to work. | 拿上你们的任务 开始工作吧 |
[1:30:09] | Citi… this is Eric. | 花旗银行 我是艾瑞克 |
[1:30:10] | Give me Elliott. | 帮我转埃利奥特 |
[1:30:12] | – Citi. – Hey, it’s Will Emerson. | -花旗银行 -我是威尔·埃默森 |
[1:30:14] | William, how are you? | 威廉 最近怎么样 |
[1:30:15] | I’m alright, how’s the trouble at strife? | 还行 和你老婆的不和怎么样 |
[1:30:16] | Busting my ass, as always. | 和从前一样 烦死我啦 |
[1:30:18] | You see, that’s what I’ve tried to tell you. | 瞧 早就跟你说了的 |
[1:30:19] | John, why do you think I’m single? | 约翰 不然我为什么要保持单身 |
[1:30:20] | I know you did. | 你是说过 |
[1:30:22] | What can I do for you? | 有事吗 |
[1:30:23] | Listen, I just got tapped on my shoulder, | 听着 有人提醒了我一下 |
[1:30:24] | we’ve got some risks over here that we need to move. | 我们最近风险冒得有点大 得轻轻仓位 |
[1:30:26] | So, today. It looks like my lost is your gain. | 今天看样子你要捡我的大便宜了 |
[1:30:29] | What kind of size you’re talking about? | 你想卖多少 |
[1:30:30] | Should be on your screen, I just sent it. | 应该在你电脑屏幕上 我刚发过去了 |
[1:30:32] | Jesus, what is this gonna land? | 天哪 你准备什么价卖这么多 |
[1:30:34] | 96 on a dollar. | 九毛六买一块的债券 |
[1:30:35] | – 91? – Whole three and we’re done at 94. | -九毛一 -加三分 一口价九毛四 |
[1:30:38] | – 93 and a half? – Done! | -九毛三点五 -成交 |
[1:30:41] | – This is trading. – Hello, gorgious. | -交易部 -嗨 美女 |
[1:30:43] | Will, what’s happening over there? | 威尔 你们发生什么了 |
[1:30:45] | Today’s moving day. | 今天在改仓位 |
[1:30:46] | What’s the fuck are you guys so worked up about? | 你个个他妈地在激动什么 |
[1:30:48] | You think they tell me anything? | 你觉得他们会告诉我吗 |
[1:30:50] | All I know is that today my loss is your gain. | 我只知道你今天要捡我的便宜了 |
[1:30:52] | Now, you’re friendly, so I’m coming to you first. | 跟你熟 所以第一个告诉你 |
[1:30:55] | I got two seventy mill. | 两亿七千万的抵押债券 |
[1:30:57] | a fifteen year paying at a point half a part. | 十五年到期 利率5% |
[1:30:59] | Where is it from? | 哪个机构发的 |
[1:30:59] | Where is it from? Do you care? | 哪个机构发的 你在乎吗 |
[1:31:02] | No, not really. Now… | 不 不怎么在乎 现在 |
[1:31:03] | Where’s the trade? I’m hearing that you guys…. | 什么价位 我听说你们在 |
[1:31:06] | Alexis, I’m only sharing this with you | 亚历克西斯 告诉你这个机会可是 |
[1:31:07] | right now! | 过期不候 |
[1:31:09] | – 85… – Done. | -八毛五 -成交 |
[1:31:14] | Deutsche? | 德意志银行 |
[1:31:16] | It’s Will Emerson. | 我是威尔·埃默森 |
[1:31:17] | Fuck you, you lied me bastard. | 操你丫的 混蛋你骗我 |
[1:31:19] | Come on, are you still angry about that? | 算了吧 还在为那事生气 |
[1:31:21] | Word is out, I’m hanging up now. | 我收到消息了 我挂电话了 |
[1:31:24] | – Merryll? – Lawrence. | -美林银行 -劳伦斯 |
[1:31:26] | What the fuck are you guys doing over there? | 你们在他妈地搞什么鬼 |
[1:31:28] | Just a little spring cleaning. | 只是季节性减仓 |
[1:31:29] | That is not what I’m hearing. | 我听到的可不是这样 |
[1:31:30] | Alright, Lawrence. Are you a buyer? | 好吧 劳伦斯 你要不要买 |
[1:31:32] | I’m not sure anymore. Where at? | 我有点犹豫了 什么价位 |
[1:31:34] | Why, it sounds like I should be asking ‘Where at.’ | 怎么这么问 应该我来问”什么价位” |
[1:31:36] | What we’re talking about here? | 有多少 |
[1:31:37] | 375 mill at third year mixed. | 三亿七千五百万 发行第三年混合型 |
[1:31:39] | Fuck me… | 操 这么多 |
[1:31:40] | Are you with me on this? | 你到底要不要 |
[1:31:42] | – 63 cents. – Oh fuck you, I’m hanging up. | -六毛三 -操你丫的 我挂电话了 |
[1:31:45] | 63. | 六毛三 |
[1:31:47] | Let’me call my manager and I’ll come back to you in five. | 让我问一下我经理 五分钟后回你 |
[1:31:49] | Maybe fifty five and five. | 要不55分钟后再过5分钟 |
[1:31:51] | Well, alright then, stay on the line. | 好吧 稍等 别挂线 |
[1:31:54] | Sam, pick up the phone. | 萨姆 接电话 |
[1:31:57] | Sam…get on the line! | 萨姆 接电话 |
[1:31:58] | – I got Lawrence in Merryll. – Where are we? | -我说动美林的劳伦斯了 -什么价位 |
[1:32:01] | – Sixty three cents. – Jesus, on what? | -六毛三 -靠 什么样的债券 |
[1:32:03] | 375, mixed third. | 三亿七千五 混合第三年 |
[1:32:05] | Get him to sixty five and hit it. | 抬到六毛五就成交 |
[1:32:07] | Are you fucking kidding me? That’s… what’s that? | 你他妈地开玩笑啊 亏损有 |
[1:32:09] | That’s a hundred million lost on a single trade. | 这一单就亏一亿 |
[1:32:12] | I understand…hit it. | 我晓得 去成交 |
[1:32:16] | Well, Lawrence. We’d fill a kill at sixty five. | 劳伦斯 我们愿意六毛五成交 |
[1:32:19] | It’s filled. | 我要了 |
[1:32:44] | Well done. | 做得好 |
[1:32:52] | I just wanna give you heads up. | 我想先跟你说一声 |
[1:32:54] | They’re gonna start sending a few people home now. | 他们要开始裁员了 |
[1:33:00] | Now? | 现在就开始了吗 |
[1:33:01] | Yes, I know this ends. | 是 这种局面维持不了多久 |
[1:33:09] | Of course | 自然 |
[1:33:12] | And for what’s worth, you’re still good. | 无论如何 你被保留了 |
[1:33:20] | I guess someone upstairs really likes you. | 我猜上面有人很器重你 |
[1:34:17] | Sam… please sit. | 萨姆 请坐 |
[1:34:21] | Congratulations are clearly in order. | 显然要恭喜你 |
[1:34:25] | We did the best we could. | 我们尽全力了 |
[1:34:28] | You did a hell of a job. | 你干得漂亮 |
[1:34:29] | And I thank you for that. C’mon sit. | 为此我很感激 来吧 坐下来 |
[1:34:32] | Excuse me for eating, but… | 抱歉我在吃东西 |
[1:34:35] | It’s been a long day. | 今天很辛苦 |
[1:34:37] | – Can I get you something? – No, nothing. Thanks. | -你要吃点什么吗 -不用了 谢谢 |
[1:34:45] | – What can I do for you? – I want out. | -找我有什么事 -我想辞职 |
[1:34:49] | I’m done, I want out. | 我做完了该做的 我想出去 |
[1:34:53] | It’s a very difficult day for all… | 今天对谁都不容易 |
[1:34:54] | I need you to release my options. | 我需要你批准我的期权 |
[1:34:56] | If they’re worth anything today, | 如果你念我今天的功劳 |
[1:34:57] | I want my bonus, I am out. | 我要拿我的分红 我要退出 |
[1:34:59] | You’ll get your bonus, your options… | 你会拿到你的分红 你的期权 |
[1:35:00] | and keep a calm face. | 冷静点 |
[1:35:02] | But I need you to stay with me for next 24 months, okay? | 但是我需要你再做两年 |
[1:35:09] | Oh, come on Sam, put a smile on your face. | 振作点 萨姆 别苦着脸 |
[1:35:12] | You did some good today, you said that yourself. | 你今天做了件好事 你自己说的 |
[1:35:15] | You know… I’m starting to feel a little better | 跟你说 我现在对形势 |
[1:35:18] | about all this whole thing. | 有一点如释重负了 |
[1:35:20] | You’re one of the luckiest guys in the world, Sam. | 你是世上最幸运的人之一 萨姆 |
[1:35:23] | You could’ve been digging dishs all these years. | 不然这些年来你可能还是寻而不得 |
[1:35:26] | That’s true. | 此话不假 |
[1:35:28] | And if I had, at least be some holes in the ground to shovel for it. | 如果真是那样 至少我还有找到的希望 |
[1:35:34] | I just don’t know how the hell did we fuck this up, quite so much? | 我只是搞不懂我们怎么落到这步田地 |
[1:35:42] | When did you start feeling so sorry for yourself? | 你什么时候开始感到如此自惭形愧了呢 |
[1:35:44] | It’s unbearable. | 真难以忍受 |
[1:35:45] | What? | 怎么 |
[1:35:46] | So you think put a few people out of business today. | 你以为我们今天这么做搞死了很多人 |
[1:35:50] | It’s all for note. | 这全是为了钱 |
[1:35:53] | But you’ve been doing that everyday, for almost 40 years Sam | 但是你天天这么干 干了几乎四十年 |
[1:35:58] | If this is all for note, | 如果这全是为了钱 |
[1:36:00] | then so is everything out there. | 出去还是一切为了钱 |
[1:36:05] | It’s just money. | 这只是钱 |
[1:36:07] | It’s made up. | 被编造出来的钱 |
[1:36:10] | It’s pieces of paper with a picture on it. | 一张纸上有些图案 |
[1:36:11] | So we don’t have to kill each other, just to get something to eat. | 如此我们便无须为了吃饱饭而互相残杀 |
[1:36:16] | It’s not wrong. | 它没有错 |
[1:36:18] | And it’s certainly not different today than it’s ever been. | 和从前相比 今天肯定也没什么两样 |
[1:36:22] | 1637, 1797, | 1637年 1797年 |
[1:36:25] | 1819, 37… 57 | 1819年 37年 57年 |
[1:36:29] | 84, | 84年 |
[1:36:31] | 1901, 07 | 1901年 07年 |
[1:36:34] | 29, 1937… 1974 | 29年 1937年…1974年 |
[1:36:38] | 1987, Jesus! | 1987 靠 |
[1:36:39] | Didn’t that fucker fuck me up good. | 那次崩盘不是整死我了 |
[1:36:41] | 92, 97… 2000 | 92年 97年 2000年 |
[1:36:42] | and whatever we wanna call this. | 还有这次 不管我们叫它什么 |
[1:36:44] | All just for same thing, over and over. | 一样的缘故 一次又一次 |
[1:36:46] | We can’t help ourselves. | 我们挡都挡不住 |
[1:36:49] | And we wanna like uh, | 我们还想 |
[1:36:52] | control it or, stop it or even slow it. | 控制它 阻止它 甚至放慢它 |
[1:36:56] | We haven’t even since slightly altered. | 我们的本性一丁点都没有改变 |
[1:36:59] | We just react. | 我们仅仅随机应变 |
[1:37:01] | We get a lot of money, if we get it right. | 如果对了 就赚一大票 |
[1:37:04] | And we get left by the side of road, if we get it wrong. | 如果错了 就被晾在一边 |
[1:37:06] | And there has always been, and always will be.. | 这个世界上过去有 将来也永远有 |
[1:37:08] | the same percentage of winners and losers | 同样比例的赢家与输家 |
[1:37:10] | happy fucks and sad sacks. | 得意洋洋者与垂头丧气者 |
[1:37:12] | Fat cats and starving dogs, in this world. | 撑的撑死 饿的饿死 |
[1:37:16] | Yeah, then maybe more of us today, than there ever been… | 今天像我们这样的人也许前所未有地多 |
[1:37:21] | but the percentage, | 但是那个比例 |
[1:37:24] | they stand exactly the same. | 原封未动 |
[1:37:45] | I’ll do it, John, not but because of the little speech, | 我留下来 约翰 不是因为你的劝导 |
[1:37:49] | But because I need the money. | 而是因为我需要钱 |
[1:37:53] | Hard to believe after all these years.. | 难以置信 这么多年以后 |
[1:37:54] | But I… | 但是我 |
[1:37:56] | I need the money. | 还是需要钱 |
[1:38:09] | Are you gonna keep the kid? | 你会留下那孩子吗 |
[1:38:12] | Keep him? He’s gonna promoted. | 留住他? 他要升职了 |
[1:38:15] | Its all hands on deck now Sam. | 好戏就要开始了 萨姆 |
[1:38:18] | There’s gonna be a lot of money to be made | 这一片混乱中有一大笔钱 |
[1:38:19] | coming out of this mess. | 在等着被赚 |
[1:38:20] | We’re gonna need all the brains we can get out on here. | 需要这儿所有的聪明才智 |
[1:39:50] | I’ve called the police. | 我已经打电话叫了警察 |
[1:39:52] | – Mary. – Sam. | -玛丽 -萨姆 |
[1:39:59] | What’re you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[1:40:16] | Sam, what are you doing? | 萨姆 你在干嘛 |
[1:40:20] | Ella died. | 艾拉去世了 |
[1:40:48] | I was driving home from the vet | 离开兽医院后 |
[1:40:49] | and I couldn’t think of where else to go. | 我不知道还能埋在其它什么地方 |
[1:40:53] | She belongs here. | 她属于这里 |
[1:40:55] | I know, but Sam you don’t live here anymore. | 我知道 但是萨姆你不住这儿了 |
[1:41:05] | Are you alright? | 你还好吗 |
[1:41:08] | You don’t look so good. | 你脸色不太好 |
[1:41:11] | Yeah, it’s been a rough day all the way around. | 是 今天从头到尾都很辛苦 |
[1:41:14] | I know, Sammy called. | 我知道 萨米打过电话给我 |
[1:41:16] | Is he alright? | 他还好吗 |
[1:41:17] | They got hammered, | 他们也不顺利 |
[1:41:18] | but got out alive. | 不过最后安然无恙 |
[1:41:20] | Good. | 那就好 |
[1:41:29] | Well, I am going to go back inside | 我回屋 |
[1:41:34] | and go back to bed. | 去睡觉了 |
[1:41:36] | The alarm is on so don’t try to break in. | 警报器开着 别瞎闯 |
[1:41:49] | Take care of yourself. | 多保重 |