英文名称:Manhattan
年代:1979
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:31] | 《曼哈顿》 | |
[00:46] | Chapter one: He adored New York City. | 第一章 他崇拜纽约城 |
[00:50] | He idolized it all out of proportion. Uh, no, make that… | 他无以复加地将其偶像化 啊 不 还是这样… |
[00:54] | he romanticized it all out of proportion… better. | 他无以复加地将其浪漫化 这样好多了 |
[00:57] | To him, no matter what the season was, this was still a town that existed… | 对他来说 无论处于哪个季节 这座城市总是展现出… |
[01:02] | in black and white and pulsated to the great tunes of George Gershwin. | 黑白的色调 并和着乔治·格什温的伟大曲调而律动 |
[01:07] | Uh, no, let me start this over. | 啊 不 还是从新来一遍 |
[01:09] | Chapter one: He was too romantic… | 第一章 他对曼哈顿的感觉… |
[01:13] | about Manhattan as he was about everything else. | 过于浪漫 就像他对其他事物一样 |
[01:15] | He thrived on the hustle bustle of the crowds and the traffic. | 他在行色匆匆的人群和 熙来攘往的交通中如鱼得水 |
[01:19] | To him, New York meant beautiful women | 对他来说 纽约意味着美丽的女人 |
[01:21] | and street-smart guys… | 和那些对城市里的所有机关… |
[01:23] | who seemed to know all the angles. | 都了然于胸的精明之士 |
[01:25] | Nah, no, corny… too corny for my taste. | 不 不好 有点傻冒… 太傻冒了 不是我的风格 |
[01:29] | Let me try and make it more profound. Chapter one: | 让我试着把它整得更深邃一点 第一章 |
[01:33] | He adored New York City. To him, it was a metaphor… | 他崇拜纽约城 对他来说 它就像一个隐喻 |
[01:37] | for the decay of contemporary culture. | 象征着当代文化的衰败 |
[01:39] | The same lack of individual integrity… | 与当代文化一样 个性人格的缺失… |
[01:41] | that caused so many people to take the easy way out… | 不仅导致了芸芸众生的 不思进取和随波逐流 |
[01:44] | was rapidly turning the town of his dreams in… | 而且正迅速地 将他的梦中之城变成… |
[01:47] | No, it’s gonna be too preachy. Let’s face it, | 不 这样也太说教了 还是面对现实吧 |
[01:50] | I wanna sell some books here. | 我是要把我的书卖掉 |
[01:52] | Chapter one: He adored New York City… | 第一章 他崇拜纽约城 |
[01:54] | although to him, it was a metaphor for the decay of contemporary culture. | 尽管对他来说 它就像一个隐喻 象征着当代文化的衰败 |
[01:59] | How hard it was to exist in a society desensitized… | 它的存在是多么地艰难 在这样一个已经被毒品 |
[02:03] | by drugs, loud music, television, crime, garbage. | 喧闹的音乐 电视 犯罪 和垃圾弄得麻木不仁的社会中 |
[02:08] | Too angry. I don’t wanna be angry. | 太愤怒 我可不想这么愤怒 |
[02:10] | Chapter one: He was as tough and romantic as the city he loved. | 第一章 他与他所爱的城市一样 既坚韧又浪漫 |
[02:15] | Behind his black-rimmed glasses was the coiled sexual power of a jungle cat. | 在他的黑框眼镜之后 盘绕着的是丛林猫般的性能力 |
[02:20] | I love this. New York was his town. | 这个我喜欢 纽约是他的城市 |
[02:23] | And it always would be. | 一如既往地属于他 |
[04:09] | “伊莱恩餐馆” | |
[04:21] | I think the essence of art is to provide… | 我认为艺术的本质 是给人们提供… |
[04:23] | a kind of working through the situation for people, you know, so that… | 某种拨云见日的本领 你知道 这样… |
[04:27] | you can get in touch with feelings you didn’t know you had, really. | 你就可以触及那些你自己 都未曾意识到的情感 真的 |
[04:30] | Talent is luck. | 天分是运气 |
[04:32] | I think the important thing in life is courage. | 我认为生活中重要的东西是勇气 |
[04:35] | They’ve had this argument for 20 years. | 他们俩为此已经争论了二十年了 |
[04:37] | Listen to this example I’m gonna give. | 听听下面我要给出的这个例子: |
[04:39] | If the four of us are walking home over the bridge… | 假如我们四个回家时路过一座桥 |
[04:42] | and then there was a person drowning in the water… | 而这时在水里正好有个人快淹死了 |
[04:45] | would one of us have the nerve to dive into the icy water… | 我们当中会有人 有胆量潜入冰冷的水中 |
[04:49] | and save the person there from drowning? | 救起这个正在溺水的人吗? |
[04:51] | That’s a key question. | 因为这是个关键的问题 |
[04:52] | I, of course, can’t swim, so I never have to face it. | 当然我不会游泳 所以我没什么可选择的 |
[04:59] | Which of us would do it? | 我们当中谁会去救呢? |
[05:02] | -You want a little more? -No. | -你想再来一点吗? -不用了 |
[05:05] | Don’t be mad. | 别生我气 |
[05:07] | -That is so great. -You don’t smoke. | -感觉好极了 -你又不抽烟! |
[05:11] | I know I don’t smoke. I don’t inhale because it gives you cancer… | 我知道我不抽烟 我不吸进去 因为那样会致癌 |
[05:14] | but I look so incredibly handsome with a cigarette… | 可是我拿烟的姿势潇洒极了 |
[05:19] | that I can’t not hold one. | 我不得不拿一支 |
[05:21] | I know this. You like the way I look? I know. | 我知道的 你喜欢我的姿势吗? 我知道 |
[05:25] | -Provocative. -I’m getting through to you, right? | -又骨头轻了 -一下就抓住你的心 对吧? |
[05:28] | You’ll have to excuse me. | 对不起失陪一下 |
[05:31] | Jesus, she’s gorgeous. | 天呐 她真是漂亮 |
[05:35] | But she’s 17. | 可她才十七岁 |
[05:38] | I’m 42, and she’s 17. | 我四十二了 她才十七岁 |
[05:42] | I’m older than her father. Do you believe that? | 我比她父亲都老 你能相信吗? |
[05:45] | I’m dating a girl wherein I can beat up her father. | 我和这样一位姑娘约会 我可以盖过她老爸 |
[05:49] | That’s the first time that phenomenon ever occurred in my life. | 这种情况在我一生中还是头一次碰到 |
[05:52] | He’s drunk. | 他醉了 |
[05:53] | You’re drunk. You know, you should never drink. | 你喝醉了 你知道 你不应该喝酒 |
[05:56] | -Did I tell you that my ex-wife… -Who? Tina? | -我有没有跟你说过我的前妻… -哪个? 蒂娜? |
[06:03] | my second ex-wife… | 我第二个前妻 |
[06:05] | is writing a book about our marriage and the breakup? | 她正在写一本书 关于我俩的婚姻和分手的? |
[06:08] | -That’s really tacky. -It’s really depressing. | -真是太恶趣了 -真的很让人郁闷 |
[06:11] | You know, she’s gonna give all those details out… | 你知道 她会把所有细节都和盘托出 |
[06:14] | all my little idiosyncrasies and my quirks and mannerisms… | 我所有小小的癖性 我所有的怪癖和嗜好 |
[06:20] | not that I have anything to hide because, you know… | 尽管我没什么见不得人的东西 因为 你知道… |
[06:22] | but there’s are a few disgusting little moments that I regret. | 可是的确也有那么几段令人恶心的 而我又深感后悔的小片刻 |
[06:27] | It’s just gossip. Gossip is the new pornography in the daily newspapers. | 都是些八卦而已 八卦成了每日报纸中新的色情读物 |
[06:32] | I know. | 我知道 |
[06:35] | -You should never let yourself drink. | 你不应该这样喝酒 |
[06:36] | We should go. I have an exam tomorrow. | 我们该走了 因为我明天还有门考试 |
[06:39] | Do you? The kid’s gotta get up and… | 是吗? 这孩子得早起… |
[06:44] | She’s got homework. I’m dating a girl who does homework. | 她有家庭作业要做 我居然和一个要做家庭作业的女孩约会 |
[06:49] | What is it? What’s the matter with you? Where are you now? | 怎么回事? 你这是怎么啦? 你在想什么呢? |
[06:53] | Your mind is like a million miles away someplace. | 你的心思好像在十万八千里之外 |
[06:55] | Yeah, I have something I wanna talk to you about. | 是啊 我想告诉你件事 |
[06:57] | I just didn’t know quite how to get into it. | 可是我不知道该从何说起 |
[07:01] | I… About seven or eight weeks ago, I went to this dinner party… | 我… 大约七八个星期之前 我去参加了一个晚宴 |
[07:07] | and I met a woman there… | 我在那儿遇见了一个女人 |
[07:10] | and I got kind of involved with her. | 我… 我可能有点陷进去了 |
[07:16] | -You’re kidding? -It started out very casually. | -你开玩笑? -一开始并不经意 你知道 |
[07:19] | We had lunch a couple of times, | 我们一起吃过两次中饭 |
[07:21] | and now, it’s getting out of hand. | 可现在 你知道 快变得无法收手了 |
[07:24] | And I don’t know what to do about it. I mean, I’m… it’s scary. | 我不知道该如何是好 我是说 我… 很害怕 |
[07:28] | What… Who is she? What are the details? | 怎么… 她是谁? 具体过程是怎么样的? |
[07:31] | Well, she’s a journalist. | 唔 她是个记者 |
[07:34] | -She’s very… -Is she married? | -她很… -她也结婚了吗? |
[07:36] | No, no, no. She’s very beautiful. | 不 不 没有 她很漂亮 |
[07:40] | She’s very, you know, kind of nervous, | 她很… 你知道 有点神经质 |
[07:42] | high-strung, elusive. | 紧张兮兮的 不可捉摸 |
[07:44] | Great, it sounds wonderful. | 太好了 听上去棒极了 |
[07:47] | Oh, she is wonderful. She’s on my mind all the time. | 噢 她是很棒 我是说 她老是萦绕在我心头 |
[07:52] | What are you telling me? That you’re marriage is… | 你想跟我说什么? 考虑到你的婚姻… |
[07:55] | I mean, how serious is it? | 我是说 这有多严重? |
[07:58] | I don’t know. I’m… But it’s pretty serious. | 我不知道 我… 可这的确有点严重 |
[08:01] | But you haven’t said anything to Emily? | 你还没和埃米莉谈起过吧? |
[08:03] | God, no. | 没有! 天呐 当然没有! |
[08:05] | It’s amazing. I’m stunned, because of all the people that I know… | 太奇怪了 我很震惊 因为在我认识的所有人当中 |
[08:08] | I always thought for sure that you and Emily had one of the best marriages. | 我一直很确定地以为 你和埃米莉的婚姻是最最完美的 |
[08:13] | We do. You know, I mean, I love her. | 我们是很完美 你知道 我是说 我爱她 |
[08:15] | -Yeah, but you’re seeing… -I know it, I know. | -是啊 可是你却和… -我知道 我知道 |
[08:18] | I just, I mean, in all the years that we’ve been married… | 可是我只是 我是说 在我们结婚的这么多年中 |
[08:21] | I’ve had one or two very minor things with other women. | 我和其他女人只发生过 一两次微不足道的瓜葛 |
[08:25] | I mean, very… Listen, I hate the whole idea of it. | 我是说 很微不… 听着 我一点也不喜欢那样 |
[08:28] | I hate myself when I’m doing this sort of thing. | 当我那样做时 我感觉我恨自己 |
[08:31] | Well, I don’t know. | 是啊 我不知道 |
[08:32] | But this is not like that. | 可这一次 你知道 这一次全然不同 |
[08:35] | This is terrible. I, you know, listen… | 太可怕了 我… 你知道 听着 |
[08:37] | You shouldn’t ask me for advice. | 你不应该问我有什么建议 |
[08:38] | When it comes to relationships with women… | 谈到和女人的关系 |
[08:40] | I’m the winner of the August Strindberg Award. | 我可以去拿”奥古斯特·斯特林堡奖”了 |
[08:43] | Well, I don’t think 17 is too young. Beside that, she’s a bright girl. | 可我不认为十七岁还太年轻 再说 她是个聪明的姑娘 |
[08:48] | Well, you get no argument from me. I think she’s terrific. | 是啊 我不会和你争辩 我也认为她很棒 |
[08:51] | He could do a lot worse. He has done a lot worse. | 他有可能做得更出格 他以前做过出格得多的事 |
[08:55] | I just think he’s wasting his life. | 我只是认为他是在浪费他的生命 |
[08:58] | He writes that crap for television. | 你看他给电视台写的那些垃圾 |
[09:02] | Have you ever thought anymore about having kids? | 耶尔 你有没有再考虑一下 我们要孩子的事? |
[09:06] | Oh, my God, kids. | 噢 天呐 孩子! |
[09:09] | I gotta get this O’Neill book finished. | 你看 我要完成这本关于奥尼尔的书 |
[09:11] | It’s never gonna get done. | 好像它永远也写不完了 |
[09:12] | I’ve gotta get the money together to get this magazine started. Kids. | 我还要筹钱办这本杂志 孩子! |
[09:18] | Well, we always talk about getting a place in Connecticut. | 可是我们一直在说 要在康涅狄格找个地方 |
[09:20] | -You could do it there. -Connecticut. | -你可以到那里接着干 -康涅狄格 |
[09:23] | -Yeah. -I can’t go to Connecticut. | -是的 -我无法去康涅狄格 |
[09:26] | It’s not practical. Look, all my stuff’s here. | 这不现实 你看 我所有的东西都在这儿 |
[09:29] | My work’s here. It’s just the wrong time. | 我的工作在这儿 现在可不是时候 |
[09:32] | What about Isaac? I mean, we can’t abandon him, you know? | 艾萨克怎么办? 我是说 我们不能抛弃他 你知道? |
[09:36] | He can’t function anywhere other than in New York. You know that. | 除了纽约 任何其他地方 他都呆不下去 你知道的 |
[09:40] | Very Freudian. | 非常弗洛伊德式 |
[10:00] | You writing a book about our marriage? | 你是不是在写一本有关我们婚姻的书? |
[10:02] | Will you leave me alone? | 你能不能别来烦我? |
[10:03] | Are you writing something about our breakup? Just tell me. | 你是不是在写我们分手的事? 快告诉我! |
[10:05] | We’ve said everything that needs to be said to each other. | 我们之间该说的话都已经说了 |
[10:08] | I happen to know you are, | 我刚巧知道你在写 |
[10:09] | because I have a friend at Random House, okay? | 因为我有个朋友在”兰登书屋” 知道吗? |
[10:11] | -I’m free to do as I please. -Yeah, but this affects me. | -我愿意怎么写就可以怎么写 -是的 可那也会影响到我 |
[10:13] | -I’m in a rush. -You’re gonna tell everything, right? | -我有急事 -你会对所有人说出所有的事情 对吗? |
[10:16] | Our life, our sexual life, all the details, right? | 我们的生活 我们的性生活 所有的细节 对吗? |
[10:18] | -Do you spy on me? -No, I don’t have to spy. | -你想干嘛? 你在监视我? -不 我不用监视你 |
[10:20] | I was at a party, | 我参加了一个聚会 |
[10:21] | and a guy said he read an advance chapter… | 有个家伙说他 读了我老婆正在写的… |
[10:23] | of a book that my wife was writing, and it was hot stuff. | 一本书的初稿中的一章 说是绝对爆料 |
[10:26] | He said it was hot stuff. I spilled wine on my pants. | 他说那绝对爆料 我把杯中的酒都洒到了裤子上 |
[10:29] | -I don’t care to discuss it. -You don’t care to discuss it. | -我不想和你讨论这个 -你不想和你讨论这个 |
[10:32] | -How’s Willie? -Fine. | -威利怎么样? -不错 |
[10:34] | Give me some details. What do you mean, “fine”? | 多给我说些细节啊 怎么个”不错”法? |
[10:36] | Does he play baseball? Does he wear dresses? What? | 我是说 他玩棒球吗? 他穿校服吗? 还是怎样? |
[10:38] | He doesn’t wear dresses. | 他不穿校服 |
[10:41] | You’ll find out all the details when it’s your turn to see him. | 轮到你去看他的时候 你自然会知道所有的细节的 |
[10:43] | Don’t write this book. It’s a humiliating experience. | 嗨 别写这本书了 这太令人难堪了 |
[10:46] | It’s an honest account of our breakup. | 它是我们分手的如实记录 |
[10:49] | Jesus, everybody that knows us is gonna know everything. | 天呐 每个人都会知道 我们所有的事情了 |
[10:52] | Look at you, you’re so threatened. | 瞧瞧你 你那么害怕 |
[10:54] | I’m not threatened, because I… of the two of us… | 嘿 我没害怕 因为我又不是… 我们两个之中 |
[10:56] | I was not the immoral, psychotic, promiscuous one. | 我不是那个不道德的 变态的 滥交的那一位 |
[10:59] | I hope I didn’t leave out anything. | 我希望我没漏掉什么 |
[11:08] | Are you telling me that I’m… that you’ve had three affairs before me? | 你是说我是… 在和我之前你已经谈过三次恋爱啦? |
[11:13] | That’s really hard to believe. You know, it’s mind-boggling. | 这太令人难以相信了 你知道 我彻底糊涂了 |
[11:16] | When I was your age, I was still being tucked in by my grandparents. | 我在你这样的年纪 我还要我爷爷奶奶给我掖被子呢! |
[11:20] | They were really immature boys. They were nothing like you. | 他们只是毛头小子 我是说 他们和你完全不一样 |
[11:25] | Yeah, what does that mean? | 是啊 你这是什么意思? |
[11:27] | Well, I told you before… I think I’m in love with you. | 唔 我告诉过你… 我想我是爱上你了 |
[11:31] | Don’t get carried away, okay? | 咳 别太投入了 好么? |
[11:33] | This is a terrific thing. Move over. | 虽然这是件很棒的事 过去点 |
[11:36] | You know, and it’s a wonderful… | 你知道 这很不错… |
[11:38] | We’re having a great time and all that, but you’re a kid. | 我们一起度过了一段美妙的时光 可是你还是个孩子啊 |
[11:41] | I never want you to forget that. | 我想请你牢记住这一点 |
[11:43] | You’re gonna meet a lot of terrific men in your life and… | 你知道 你在生活中 会碰到很多出色的男人… |
[11:46] | I want you to enjoy me… | 你知道 我当然希望你欣赏我… |
[11:48] | my wry sense of humor and astonishing sexual technique. | 我古怪的幽默感 我禀赋惊人的性技巧 |
[11:52] | But never forget that you’ve got your whole life ahead of you. | 可是你千万别忘了 你知道 在你面前你的人生才刚刚开始 |
[11:56] | -Don’t you have any feelings for me? -How can you ask that question? | -你对我没有一点感觉吗? -你怎么能问出这样的问题? |
[12:00] | Of course. I’ve got nothing but feelings for you… | 我当然对你很有感觉 除了感觉没有别的… |
[12:03] | but you don’t wanna get hung up with one person at your age. | 可是 你知道 你不希望结识 和你年龄相仿的人吗? |
[12:06] | It’s charming, you know, and erotic. | 他们英俊迷人 你知道 性趣盎然 |
[12:11] | No question about that. As long as the cops don’t burst in, we’re… | 这点毫无疑问 只要警察不来打断我们 我们会… |
[12:15] | I think we’re gonna break a couple of records, you know. | 我想我们会打破 一系列的纪录的 你知道 |
[12:17] | But you can’t… you can’t do it. | 可是你不能… 你不能这样做 |
[12:19] | It’s not a good thing. | 这样做… 是不对的 |
[12:21] | You should think of me, sort of, | 你应该把我当成 比如说 |
[12:22] | as a detour on the highway of life. | 在你人生的主干道之外 遛了一趟小弯 |
[12:25] | So get dressed because I think you gotta get outta here. | 所以你赶紧穿好衣服 因为我想你应该离开这里了 |
[12:27] | -Don’t you want me to stay over? -I don’t want you to get in the habit. | -你不想让我留下来吗? -我不想让你养成这样的习惯 |
[12:31] | The first thing you know, | 因为一开始 你知道 |
[12:32] | you stay over one night and then two nights… | 你留下 过个一夜 然后过个两夜 |
[12:34] | and then, you know, you’re living here. | 然后 你知道 你就会住在这里了 |
[12:36] | -That doesn’t sound too bad. -No, it’s not such a great idea. | -是啊 那听上去也不坏啊 -不 这不是个太好的主意 |
[12:39] | You won’t like it. Believe me. I’m tough to get along with. | 你不会喜欢的 相信我 我这人很难相处的 |
[12:43] | Tomorrow we’ll go to the Bleeker Street Cinema… | 明天 我们去”布里克街影院” |
[12:45] | and I’ll show you the Veronica Lake movie, okay? | 我带你去看维罗妮卡·莱克的电影 行吗? |
[12:48] | All right. Veronica Lake’s the pinup | 好吧 维罗妮卡·莱克是 |
[12:49] | with the red hair? | 海报上留着一头红发的那一位吗? |
[12:52] | No, that’s Rita Hayworth. Do we have to go over this all the time? | 不 那是丽塔·海华斯 怎么每次你都稀里糊涂的? |
[12:56] | -Rita who? -Rita Hayworth. | -丽塔什么? -丽塔·海华斯 |
[12:58] | Are you joking with me? I never know. | 你是在逗我玩吗? 我没想到… |
[12:59] | Of course I’m joking. | 我当然是在逗你玩! |
[13:00] | Do you think I’m unaware of | 你还真以为保罗·麦卡特尼之前的事 |
[13:03] | any event pre-Paul McCartney or something? | 我都一概不知还是什么? |
[13:07] | -I find these photographs interesting. -Yeah, so do I. | -你看 我觉得这些照片很有意思 -是啊 我也觉得 |
[13:10] | -Do you ever use the camera I got you? -Yeah, all the time. | -你用过我给你买的相机吗? -噢 用过 我一直在用 |
[13:14] | -I was taking pictures in drama class. -Were you? | -在我们的表演课上我拿来拍照 -是吗? |
[13:16] | It’s fun. It’s really neat. | 很有意思 真的很不错 |
[13:18] | You sound like the mouse in the Tom and Jerry cartoons when you talk. | 你说话的时候 你的声音很像 《猫和老鼠》卡通里的老鼠 |
[13:21] | -Are you kidding me? -No, I figured it out. | -你别逗了! -不 我发现很像 |
[13:23] | You should talk. You have a whiney voice. | 那像你的说话吧! 你的声音吱吱唔唔的 |
[13:25] | You sound exactly like the mouse. It’s really an art. | 你听起来和那老鼠的声音 一模一样 很有艺术感 |
[13:28] | I know I’m a whiner. | 我知道 我是个吱唔者… |
[13:33] | What are you doing here? How long have you been here? | 你怎么在这里? 你来了有多久了? |
[13:37] | -We were just talking about you. -That’s hilarious. | -是啊 我们正聊到你呢! -太有趣了 |
[13:40] | What’re you… You walking around behind us or what? | 你这是… 你是跟在我们后面还是什么? |
[13:44] | -How are you? -Okay, good. That’s so funny. | -你怎么样? -不错 很好 这太有意思了 |
[13:46] | We’re all gonna do that Shakespeare | 你知道 我们正打算这个周末 |
[13:48] | in the Park thing this weekend. | 去”中央公园”看莎士比亚什么的 |
[13:50] | -See if we can go ahead and do that. -That would be fun. | -到时候看能不能去成 -会很有意思的 |
[13:52] | This is my friend, Mary Wilke. | 噢 这是我朋友玛丽·威尔奇 |
[13:54] | Isaac Davis and Tracy. | 这是艾萨克·戴维斯和特蕾西 |
[13:56] | -How do you do? How are you? -Nice to meet you. | -你好! 你好! -很高兴认识你 |
[13:58] | -You too, you too. -Hello. | -我也很高兴认识你 -你好! |
[14:01] | We were downstairs at the Castelli Gallery, saw the photo exhibition. | 我们在楼下的”列奥·卡斯台利画廊” 刚看了摄影展览 |
[14:04] | -Incredible, absolutely incredible. -It’s really good. | -太出色了 绝对出色 -真的很不错 |
[14:07] | -Really, you liked that? -The photographs downstairs? | -真的吗? 你很喜欢? -楼下的那些照片? |
[14:11] | Great, absolutely great. | 很棒 绝对棒! |
[14:13] | -Did you? -I felt it was very derivative. | -你呢? -不 我真的觉得它们了无新意 |
[14:17] | To me, it looked like it was | 在我看来 那些照片就像是出于 |
[14:19] | straight out of Diane Arbus, but none of the wit. | 戴安·阿布斯之手 却没有了她的机智 |
[14:21] | Really? We didn’t like ’em as much as | 是吗? 你看相比起来 我们也更喜欢那座 |
[14:23] | the Plexiglas sculpture. | 有机玻璃的雕塑 这我承认 |
[14:25] | Really? You liked the Plexiglas? | 是吗? 你喜欢那有机玻璃 哈? |
[14:27] | You didn’t like the Plexiglas sculpture either? | 那有机玻璃雕塑你也不喜欢吗? |
[14:29] | That’s interesting. | 啊 有意思… |
[14:33] | It was a hell of a lot better than that steel cube. Did you see that? | 它比那个钢筋块好得太多了 你看过那个钢筋块吗? |
[14:37] | -That was the worst. -That was absolutely brilliant to me. | -简直糟糕透了 -可是那在我看来非常出色 绝对出色! |
[14:42] | -The steel cube was brilliant? -Yes. | -钢筋块绝对出色? -是的! |
[14:43] | To me, it was very textural. You know what I mean? | 在我看来 它非常有构造感 你知道我的意思吗? |
[14:47] | It was perfectly integrated. It had a marvelous kind of negative capability. | 它整合得非常完美 它有种绝妙的”消极感受力” |
[14:51] | The rest of the stuff downstairs was bullshit. | 楼下的其它玩意儿都是狗屎 |
[14:58] | You wanna go see the Sol LeWitts? | 你想去看索尔·勒威茨的作品吗? |
[15:00] | Sure, that’d be fun. Wanna see it? | 当然 一定很有意思 你想去看吗? |
[15:02] | He’s having an opening at the Modern. | 他最近要在”现代艺术馆”开个展览 |
[15:04] | I’m doing a piece on Sol for Insight. | 我要为《见解》杂志写篇索尔的东西 |
[15:06] | Do you know that magazine? It’s one of those little magazines. | 你知道那份杂志吗? 你知道 是那些小杂志中的一种 |
[15:09] | I mean, they’re such schmucks up there. | 我是说 有那么多蠢蛋写的蠢文章 |
[15:11] | Really mired in ’30s radicalism. | 还陷在三十年代的激进主义中不出来 |
[15:13] | What do you do, Tracy? | 你是做什么的 特蕾西? |
[15:15] | -I go to high school. -Oh, really. | -我在上高中 -哦 真的吗? |
[15:18] | Somewhere Nabokov is smiling, if you know what I mean. | 纳博科夫要躲在哪里窃笑了 你明白我的意思吧 |
[15:22] | I think Lewitt’s overrated. I think he may be a candidate for the old academy. | 我认为勒威茨名不副实 我认为把他归入老派一类还差不多 |
[15:26] | Mary and I invented the Academy of the Overrated… | 玛丽和我发起了个”名不副实学院” |
[15:29] | -That’s right… -for such notables as… | -没错… -为那些名人 比如… |
[15:32] | Gustav Mahler, Scott Fitzgerald. | 古斯塔夫·马勒 斯科特·菲茨杰拉德 |
[15:33] | And Isaac Denison and Carl Jung. | 还有艾萨克·丹尼森和卡尔·荣格 |
[15:35] | Lenny Bruce. | 还有莱尼·布鲁斯 |
[15:36] | We can’t forget Lenny Bruce now, can we? | 我们不能把莱尼·布鲁斯漏了 对不对? |
[15:38] | Norman Mailer and Walt Whitman… | 也许再加诺曼·梅勒和沃尔特·惠特曼… |
[15:40] | Those people are all terrific. | 这些人都很棒啊 每个你们提到的人 |
[15:42] | Who’s that great one you had last week? | 上星期你提名的大人物是谁来着? |
[15:43] | No, I didn’t. It was yours. | 不 不 不是我提的 是你提的 |
[15:44] | -Heinrich Boell, wasn’t it? -Overrated? | -是海因里希·伯尔 对吗? -名不副实? |
[15:47] | -We don’t wanna leave out… -Gee, what about Mozart? | -我们不想漏掉… -天呐 怎么没有莫扎特? |
[15:49] | You guys don’t wanna leave out Mozart, I mean, | 你们不应该把莫扎特漏了啊 我是说 |
[15:51] | while you’re trashing people. | 当你们把别人都看成垃圾的时候 |
[15:52] | Oh, how about Vincent Van Gogh | 噢 是啊 再加上文森特·梵高赫 |
[15:54] | or Ingmar Bergman? | 或英格玛·伯格曼怎么样? |
[15:56] | -Did she say “Van Gogh”? -How about Ingmar Bergman? | -她居然念”梵高赫”? -英格玛·伯格曼怎么样? |
[15:58] | -You’ll get in trouble with Bergman. -What do you mean? | -提伯格曼这下你麻烦来了 -你什么意思? |
[16:00] | Bergman’s the only genius in cinema today I think. | 伯格曼? 我认为伯格曼 是当今电影界唯一的奇才 |
[16:02] | He’s a big Bergman fan, you know. | 他狂崇拜伯格曼 你知道 |
[16:04] | You’re so the opposite. | 天呐 可是你和他截然相反啊! |
[16:06] | You write that absolutely fabulous TV show. | 你写过那些绝对奇妙的电视节目 |
[16:08] | It’s brilliantly funny, and his view is so Scandinavian. | 非常非常的滑稽 而他的世界观太过斯堪的纳维亚 |
[16:11] | It’s bleak, my God. I mean, | 阴冷凄凉 我的天哪 我是说 |
[16:12] | all that Kierkegaard, right? | 都是克尔恺郭尔的那一套 对吗? |
[16:14] | Real adolescent, fashionable pessimism. | 只有年轻人才会吃那一套 因为悲观主义时髦嘛 |
[16:17] | I mean, the silence, God’s silence. | 我是说 静默 上帝的静默 |
[16:19] | Okay, okay, okay, I mean, | 行啊 没错 很好 我是说 |
[16:21] | I loved it when I was at Radcliffe… | 在”拉德克利夫学院”念书时我自己也很喜欢 |
[16:22] | but you outgrow it, you absolutely outgrow it. | 这也没什么 可是人应该成熟起来啊 你绝对应该成熟起来 |
[16:25] | Get her away from me. I don’t think I can take too much more of her. | 赶紧让她走吧 我想我再也受不了她了 |
[16:29] | Don’t you guys see that it is the dignifying… | 你们不明白吗? 那都是出于一个人的… |
[16:32] | of one’s own psychological and sexual hang-ups… | 心理和性方面的焦虑 为了使之显得崇高伟大 |
[16:35] | by attaching them to these grandiose philosophical issues? | 而将它们附着于 博大精深的哲学命题而已 |
[16:37] | -That’s what it is. -Here we are. | -就是这么回事 -我们到了 |
[16:39] | Listen, it was very nice meeting you. | 呃 你看 能认识你我很高兴 |
[16:42] | It was a pleasure and a sincere sensation… | 我感到非常高兴 说真的 |
[16:45] | but we have to go because we gotta do some shopping. | 可是我们得走了 因为我忘了 我们还要去买点东西 |
[16:48] | Listen, I don’t even wanna have this conversation. | 嘿 你看 我并不想挑起这样的话题 |
[16:51] | I mean, really, I’m just from Philadelphia. | 我是说 真的 我是从费城出来的 |
[16:53] | -We believe in God, so, okay? | 你知道 我们信仰上帝 所以 你明白吗? |
[16:55] | What the hell does that mean? | 这他妈什么意思? |
[16:56] | What is it? What’d you… What’d she mean? | 这是什么? 你什么… 你什么意思? |
[16:58] | What do you mean? | 你到底什么意思? |
[16:59] | “I’m from Philadelphia. I believe in God.” What… | “我从费城来 我信仰上帝”这是… |
[17:02] | Does this make any sense to you at all? | 你知道她在说什么吗? |
[17:06] | What a creep. Could you believe her? | 真让人掉一地鸡皮疙瘩 居然碰到这样的人! |
[17:09] | She seemed real nervous. | 她看上去真的很神经质 |
[17:11] | Nervous? She was overbearing. | 神经质? 她简直蛮横无礼! |
[17:12] | She was, you know, terrible. | 她太… 你知道 她太可怕了 |
[17:14] | She was all cerebral. | 她太自以为聪明了 |
[17:16] | Where the hell does a little Radcliffe tootsie come off… | 这他妈从哪边冒出个 拉德克利夫的小女人… |
[17:19] | rating Scott Fitzgerald, Gustav Mahler | 敢对斯科特·菲茨杰拉德 古斯塔夫·马勒 |
[17:20] | and then Heinrich Boell? | 还有海因里希·伯尔这样指手划脚的? |
[17:22] | Why are you so mad? | 你为什么这么生气? |
[17:24] | I don’t like pseudo-intellectual trash. | 我生气是因为我讨厌扮成知识分子的垃圾 |
[17:27] | She was pedantic. Van Gogh. | 她太喜欢卖弄学问了 “梵高赫” |
[17:29] | Did you hear that? She said Van Gogh. | 你听到她说”梵高赫”了吗? |
[17:30] | I couldn’t… Like an Arab she spoke. | 我都没听出来… 以为她在说阿拉伯语呢 |
[17:32] | If she made one more remark about Bergman… | 要是她再多说一句伯格曼什么 |
[17:34] | I would’ve knocked her other contact lens out. | 我一定会打掉她的眼镜 把她的隐形眼镜给敲出来 |
[17:37] | -Is she Yale’s mistress? -That will never cease to mystify me. | -她是耶尔的情人吗? -这我也一直琢磨不透 |
[17:41] | He’s got a wonderful wife, and he prefers to diddle this little yo-yo. | 他有个很不错的妻子 却偏要和这样个小蠢货混在一起 |
[17:46] | But he was always a sucker for those kind of women… | 话说回来 一碰到那样的女人 他就把持不住自己 |
[17:49] | you know, | 你知道 |
[17:49] | the kind that involve him in discussions of existential reality. | 就是那种可以和他一起探讨什么”存在主义现实性”的女人 |
[17:54] | They probably sit around on the floor with wine and cheese… | 也许他们会围坐在地板上 一边喝着酒 吃着乳酪 |
[17:56] | and mispronounce “allegorical” and “didacticism.” | 一边却连”寓言的”和”启蒙主义” 这两个词都念不准 |
[18:01] | I get the feeling that Yale really likes her. | 给我的感觉是 耶尔真的很喜欢她 |
[18:04] | I’m old-fashioned. I don’t believe in extramarital relationships. | 可是我比较老派 我对婚外关系很不以为然 |
[18:06] | I think people should mate for life like pigeons or Catholics. | 我认为人们应该相守一生 就像鸽子或天主教徒那样 |
[18:11] | I don’t know, maybe people weren’t meant to have one deep relationship. | 我不知道 也许人们并非一定要 真心相守一个关系 |
[18:16] | Maybe we were meant to have, you know, a series of relationships… | 也许我们可以有 你知道 一系列的关系 |
[18:19] | of different lengths. | 长长短短的 |
[18:20] | That kind of thing’s gone out of date. | 我是说 你说的东西有点过时了 |
[18:22] | Hey, don’t tell me what’s gone out of date, okay? You’re 17 years old. | 嘿 别跟我说什么是过时了 行吗? 你才十七岁啊 |
[18:26] | You were brought up on drugs and television and the pill. | 你在满是毒品 电视 和避孕药的环境中长大 |
[18:28] | I was World War Two. I was in the trenches. | 而我经历过二战 我蹲过堑壕 |
[18:31] | -You were eight in World War Two. -Right. I was never in the trenches. | -二战时你才八岁 -对的 我没蹲过堑壕 |
[18:34] | I was caught in the middle. It was a very tough position. | 仗打到一半我就被抓去了 那段日子真是难熬 |
[18:38] | Get the groceries, will you? | 快拿东西吧 |
[18:42] | Good morning and welcome to Human Beings Wow. | 早上好! 欢迎收看”人间一绝”节目 |
[18:45] | We’re talking this evening with Gregory | 今晚 我们谈话的对象是格里高利和 |
[18:47] | and Caroline Payne Whitney Smith… | 卡罗琳·佩恩·惠特尼·史密斯夫妇 |
[18:49] | who are very close friends of the Carter family, right? | 他们和卡特一家 是很亲密的朋友 是吗? |
[18:51] | We’re normal people, just like you who are in debt. | 我们只是常人 都是普通人 和你们一样也债务缠身 |
[18:54] | Except for the fact that Mrs. Payne Whitney Smith is a catatonic, correct? | 除了佩恩·惠特尼·史密斯夫人 患有精神紧张症 对吗? |
[18:58] | Well, we don’t consider her a catatonic. | 唔 我们不认为她患有精神紧张症 |
[19:00] | We just kind of consider her quiet. | 我们只是觉得她太安静了 |
[19:02] | Jesus, this is the worst. This is really embarrassing to me. | 天哪 这糟透了! 简直让我无地自容 |
[19:05] | I mean, this is so antiseptic. It’s nothing like what we talked about. | 我是说 这太无趣了 和我们当初谈的完全不一样嘛 |
[19:09] | -That’s not antiseptic. -This has nothing… | -我不认为无趣 -这和我们谈的没有… |
[19:11] | -That’s very chancy material. -How do you see this as chancy? | -这是个很敏感的素材 -你怎么会认为这很敏感? |
[19:13] | -Who fights more with the censor? -It’s empty. | -谁和审查官打的交道多? -空洞无物 |
[19:15] | What has the censor got to do with it? | 这和审查官有什么关系啊? |
[19:17] | It’s empty. There’s no substance to it. | 非常空洞 里面什么东西都没有 |
[19:19] | You don’t find this insightful? | 你不觉得这很深刻吗? |
[19:21] | It’s worse than not insightful. | 岂止一点也不深刻 简直一塌糊涂 |
[19:23] | It’s not funny. There’s not a legitimate laugh in that. | 一点也不好笑 这样笑起来一点道理也没有嘛 |
[19:26] | -Where do you see that’s funny? -Look at the audience. | -你觉得哪里好笑啦? -你瞧观众的反应 |
[19:29] | You’re going by the audience reaction to this? | 你不会通过观众的反应来做出判断吧? |
[19:31] | An audience raised on TV? | 就靠这帮看着电视长大的观众? |
[19:32] | Their standards have been systematically lowered over the years. | 年复一年 他们的档次 已经系统地一降再降 |
[19:35] | These guys sit in front of their sets… | 这些家伙成天坐在他们的电视机前 |
[19:38] | and the gamma rays eat the white cells of their brains out. | 伽玛射线早就吞噬干净 他们脑瓜子里的白细胞了 |
[19:41] | -I quit. -Relax. Take a lude. | -我不干了 -去休息一下 服点安眠酮吧 |
[19:43] | I can’t write this anymore. I can’t. I don’t want a lude. | 我不想再写这玩意儿了 我写不了 我不用服安眠酮 |
[19:45] | All you guys do is drop ludes and then | 你们这些家伙倒是没服安眠酮 |
[19:47] | take Percodans and angel dust. | 可是却服了 羟考酮和天使粉 |
[19:50] | -Naturally, it seems funny. -You know, just relax. | -自然会觉得好笑啦 -你看 你还是放松一下 |
[19:52] | Anything would if you’re… | 看什么都觉得好笑 要是你… |
[19:54] | You should abandon the show and open a pharmaceutical house. | 你知道 你们应该抛开这些节目 可以去开一家药房了 |
[19:57] | Look, you… Relax. You’re being silly. | 听着 你… 放松点 你这个样子真的很傻 |
[19:58] | I quit. | 我不干了 我不干了 我不干了! |
[20:00] | She’s a little bit nervous. I’m just gonna do this. | 她有点紧张 你看我的 |
[20:02] | We’ve talked about this. | 我们谈过这个 我们认为… |
[20:04] | Don’t break her neck there. | 别… 别拧断她的脖子! |
[20:05] | No, I won’t. That’s fine. | 不 我不会的 很好! |
[20:07] | What did I do? I made a terrible mistake. | 我干了什么? 我犯了个可怕的错误 |
[20:09] | Stop it. This is the first smart thing you’ve ever done for yourself. | 别说了! 这是你第一次 为你自己做了一件明智的事情 |
[20:13] | For about 30 seconds, I was a big hero. | 大概有三十秒钟 我认为自己是个大英雄 |
[20:16] | Now, it’s unemployment. | 现在好了 我工作没了 |
[20:18] | If you need to borrow any money, I’ll take care of it. | 如果你需要借钱的话 我可以借给你 |
[20:21] | What’s money got to do… I’ve got enough for a year. | 不是这么说的 这和钱没关系 我有足够的钱花上一年 |
[20:23] | If I live like Mahatma Gandhi, I’m fine. | 要是我能像圣雄甘地 那样生活的话 我没事 |
[20:26] | My accountant says that I did this at | 我的会计师说我这件事做得 |
[20:28] | a very bad time. My stocks are down. | 真是不合时宜 我的股票被套了 |
[20:30] | I’m cash poor or something. I got no cash flow. | 我快开不出现金了还是什么 我没有现金周转了 |
[20:34] | I’m not liquid, or something’s not flowing. | 说我完全被困住了 动弹不得 |
[20:36] | They got a language all their own, those guys. | 那些家伙用的那些术语 都把我给饶晕了 |
[20:39] | We discussed this. | 这不是明摆着的嘛 没有大笔的收入 |
[20:41] | It’s difficult to live in this town without a big income. | 你很难在这座城市里生活下去 |
[20:42] | Plus, I got two alimonies and child support, | 是啊 还有 我要付两份离婚赡养费 |
[20:45] | and I gotta cut down. | 我有个孩子要抚养 所以我得消减开支了 |
[20:47] | I’m gonna have to give up my apartment, my tennis lessons. | 我不得不将放弃我的公寓 我不可能再上网球课了 |
[20:50] | I’m not gonna pick the checks up at dinner. | 外出吃饭我也要付不起账单了 |
[20:53] | I won’t be able to take the Southampton house. | 你知道 我也不可能再租 南安普敦的房子了 |
[20:56] | You know, plus, I’ll probably have to give my parents less money. | 你知道 对了 说不定我给我 父母的钱也不得不减少 |
[21:00] | This is gonna kill my father. | 你知道 这会要我老爷子的命的 |
[21:02] | He’s not gonna be able to get | 他在犹太教堂再也不可能 |
[21:03] | as good a seat in the synagogue. | 像以前那样坐个好位置了 你知道 |
[21:05] | This year he’s gonna be in the back, away from God, far from the action. | 下一年 他得坐到后排去了 离上帝远了 离活动远了 |
[21:08] | What about Tracy? Have you said anything to her? | 特蕾西怎么想的? 你跟她说过这事吗? |
[21:10] | What is it? I gotta get out of that situation. | 你什么意思? 我决定要和她断了 |
[21:13] | She’s a young girl. What am I… | 她是个年轻的姑娘 我成了什么… |
[21:16] | I’m… It’s ridiculous. | 我成了… 你知道 这太荒唐了 |
[21:18] | I mean, what happens if the year goes by | 我想说 要是这一年过去之后 |
[21:21] | and my book doesn’t come out? | 我的书还没有写出来怎么办? |
[21:24] | Your book is gonna come out. Your book is gonna be wonderful. | 嘿 你的书会写出来的 你的书一定会写得很棒的 |
[21:28] | At worst, you’re gonna learn something | 我是说 大不了 你也可以 了解一下你自己 |
[21:30] | about yourself, right? | 看看你的潜力 对吗? |
[21:32] | Listen, I’m really proud of you. | 听着 你听着 我真的很为你骄傲 |
[21:35] | This is a very good move. | 你这一步走得非常正确 |
[21:37] | This is a wonderful turnout… | 今晚出席的人可真不少 |
[21:41] | and the Museum of Modern Art has been very generous. | “现代艺术博物馆”非常感谢 大家一直以来的支持 |
[21:44] | And the proof of the strength of the Equal Rights Amendment… | “男女平权修正案”的力量 得到了充分的印证 |
[21:47] | is that so many of you who would never do it before… | 因为你们当中有那么多人 以前从没戴过黑领结 |
[21:51] | put on a black tie tonight. | 今晚都戴上了 |
[21:56] | We love you for it. We need you, and you’ve come through. | 我们喜欢你们这样 我们需要你们 你们已经慷慨解囊 |
[22:00] | Now, no more talk, enjoy yourselves. | 好了 不多罗嗦了 祝各位过得愉快 |
[22:08] | -What are you doing here? -Nice to see you. | -你怎么也在这儿? -见到你很高兴 |
[22:11] | Congratulations on your book. I thought it was terrific. | 祝贺你的新书 我认为写得很棒 |
[22:13] | -Thanks. -Absolutely terrific. | -谢谢! -写得绝对棒 |
[22:15] | -Nice to see you. -Meet my friend, Isaac Davis. | -见到你真高兴 -认识一下我朋友 艾萨克·戴维斯 |
[22:18] | -Hi, how do you do? -How are you? | -嗨 你好! -你好! |
[22:20] | -Isaac, hello. Hi. -What are you doing here? | -艾萨克 你好! -嗨! 你怎么也在这儿? |
[22:24] | Well, I’m here. Of course, I’m here. | 唔 我在这儿 我当然得在这儿 |
[22:26] | What a funny coincidence. We met before. We met. | 真是巧得很啊! 我们以前见过 见过面 |
[22:29] | We know one another. | 我们相互间认识 |
[22:32] | -I’m sorry. -No, it’s all right. | -对不起打断你们了 -不 没事儿 |
[22:34] | I heard you quit your job. | 我听说你放弃了你的工作 |
[22:37] | Yeah, real self-destructive impulse. | 是的 真是一时的冲动 自我毁灭啊 |
[22:40] | I wanna write a book. | 你知道 我想写一本书 所以… |
[22:41] | Has anybody read that Nazis are gonna march in New Jersey? | 你们当中有没有人看到 纳粹要在新泽西游行的消息? |
[22:45] | I read this in the newspaper. We should go down there, get some guys together… | 我是在报纸上读到的 我们应该也去那儿 多召集些人 |
[22:48] | get some bricks and baseball bats and really explain things to ’em. | 准备好砖头和棒球棒 好好地教训教训他们 |
[22:51] | There was this devastating satirical piece on | 在《纽约时报》的社论版对页上有一篇 |
[22:53] | that on the Times op-ed page. | 对此大加挞伐的自由撰稿的讽刺文章 |
[22:55] | A satirical piece in the Times is one thing… | 《纽约时报》上登一篇讽刺文章是一回事 |
[22:57] | but bricks and baseball bats really gets right to the point down there. | 而砖头和棒球棒才能真正地 给他们点颜色瞧瞧 |
[23:00] | But really biting satire is always better than physical force. | 可是能真正击中要害的讽刺文章 总是比诉诸蛮力要有效得多 |
[23:03] | Physical force is always better with Nazis… | 不 不 对付纳粹蛮力总是有效得多 |
[23:06] | because it’s hard to satirize a guy with shiny boots on. | 因为你根本不可能讽刺一个 脚蹬闪亮皮靴的家伙 |
[23:09] | You get emotional, I know. | 你太情绪化了 我知道 |
[23:11] | We were talking about orgasms. | 对不起 我们刚才谈论的话题是性高潮 |
[23:12] | -No, please, wait. -Really? I’m sorry. | -噢 不 拜托 等一下 -真的吗? 对不起了 |
[23:14] | -Give me a break. -We were. | -等一下行吗? -我们是在谈论 |
[23:16] | I’m from Philadelphia. We don’t talk about that in public. | 我是从费城来的 我们从不在公众场合谈论这样的话题 |
[23:19] | You said that the other day. | 你前几天就说过这样的话 |
[23:20] | I didn’t know what it meant then, either. | 那时我就不明白 现在我还是他妈不明白 |
[23:23] | I’m just about to direct a film of my own script… | 我正打算导演一部电影 是我自己的本子 |
[23:26] | and the premise is: This guys screws so great… | 大致是说 有个家伙干起来特带劲… |
[23:29] | -Screws so great? -Screws so great… | -干起来特带劲? -干起来特带劲 |
[23:31] | that when he brings a woman to orgasm, she’s so fulfilled that she dies. | 当他给那女的带来高潮时 她爽到了极点 于是就死了 |
[23:37] | Now this one… excuse me… finds this hostile. | 可是刚才这一位 对不起 觉得这太恶毒了 |
[23:39] | Hostile? God, it’s worse than hostile. It’s aggressive-homicidal. | 恶毒? 天哪 岂止是恶毒 这简直是恶意的谋杀 |
[23:42] | -She dies? -You have to forgive Dennis. | -她死了吗? -你得原谅丹尼斯 |
[23:45] | -He’s Harvard direct to Beverly Hills. -Is that where you’re from? | -他一出哈佛就去了贝弗莉山庄 -你是哈佛出来的? |
[23:48] | It’s Theodor Reik with a touch of Charles Manson. | 他本应该成为西奥多·莱克 却受到了查尔斯·曼森的影响 |
[23:51] | Right. | 是啊 |
[23:52] | I finally had an orgasm, and my doctor told me it was the wrong kind. | 我最终有了高潮 可我的医生跟我说那根本不对 |
[23:58] | Did you have the wrong kind? | 说你那根本不对? 真的吗? |
[23:59] | I’ve never had the wrong kind ever. | 我从来没有不对过 从来没有过 |
[24:01] | My worst one was right on the money. | 最不济的我都能正中要害 |
[24:11] | -Good night. It was nice to meet you. -Same here. | -晚安 很高兴认识你 -我也很高兴 |
[24:13] | -Bye-bye. -Bye. | -再见 -再见 |
[24:17] | It’s an interesting group of people your friends are. | 你的朋友圈里都是些有趣的人 |
[24:20] | -I know. -It’s like a cast of a Fellini movie. | -我知道 -像是费里尼电影里的角色 |
[24:22] | They’re such fun. They’re such wonderful people. | 他们很有意思 都是很不错的人 |
[24:25] | Helen is really a good friend. She’s a very brilliant woman, you know. | 海伦是我很好的朋友 一个才华横溢女人 你知道 |
[24:28] | -Is she? -She’s really a genius. | -是吗? -她的确是个天才 |
[24:30] | I met her through my ex-husband, Jeremiah. | 我是通过我的前夫杰里迈亚认识她的 |
[24:32] | How come you guys got divorced? That’s something I never… | 你们俩是因为什么离的婚? 我一直有点好奇… |
[24:35] | I don’t understand. What do you mean, how come we got divorced? | 我不明白你的意思 你什么意思? 我们为什么离的婚? |
[24:38] | What kind of question is that? I hardly even know you at all. | 你这算什么问题? 我和你不算太熟吧 |
[24:41] | No, you don’t have to tell me if you don’t. I’m just curious. | 不 要是你不愿意 你尽可以不说 我只是有点好奇 |
[24:43] | We had a lot of problems. We fought a lot. | 我们之间存在很多问题 我们经常争吵 |
[24:46] | I was tired of submerging my identity to a very brilliant, dominating man. | 我厌倦了将我的个性埋没于 一个非常杰出的 强势的男人 |
[24:50] | -He’s a genius. -He was a genius… | -他是个天才 -他是个天才 |
[24:52] | Helen’s a genius, and Dennis is a genius. | 海伦是个天才 丹尼斯是个天才 |
[24:54] | You know a lot of geniuses. | 你看 你认识的天才可真不少啊 |
[24:57] | You should meet some stupid people once in a while. You could learn something. | 你偶尔也应该认识个把个愚蠢的人 这样你可以学点东西 |
[25:00] | Okay, tell me, why’d you get a divorce? | 好的 那么你告诉我 你为什么离婚? |
[25:02] | Why? I got a divorce because my ex-wife | 为什么? 我离婚了是因为我的前妻 |
[25:05] | left me for another woman. Okay? | 离开我和另一个女人跑了 知道吗? |
[25:07] | Really? God, that must’ve been demoralizing. | 真的吗? 天呐 这一定对你打击巨大 |
[25:11] | Well, I don’t know. I thought I took it rather well under the circumstances. | 唔 我不知道 我想面对这样的情况我还扛得住 |
[25:14] | I tried to run ’em both over with a car. | 我有次想用我的车把她俩一起碾死 |
[25:16] | I can’t imagine. | 我想象不出来 我是说 |
[25:17] | That’s incredible sexual humiliation. | 就你性方面而言 这简直是奇耻大辱 |
[25:19] | It’s enough to turn you off of women. | 这足以使你不再对女人有兴趣了 |
[25:21] | I think it accounts for the little girl. | 我想这就是为什么你找了个小女生 |
[25:23] | Hey, the little girl is fine. Jesus. | 嘿 小女生有什么不对! 天哪 |
[25:25] | What’s with the little girl? | 这和小女生又有什么关系? |
[25:27] | Oh, sure, I understand, believe me. | 噢 当然 我了解的 相信我 |
[25:30] | Sixteen years old, no possible threat. | 她才十六岁 对你完全没有威胁 |
[25:32] | She’s 17. She’s gonna be eight… | 啊哈 她十七岁了 马上要十八… |
[25:34] | Sometimes you have a losing personality. | 有的时候 你的性格真让人受不了 玛丽 |
[25:37] | I’m honest. What do you want? I say what’s on my mind. | 我只是比较诚实 你想怎么样? 我心里怎么想就会怎么说 |
[25:39] | If you can’t take it, then fuck off. | 要是你受不了 那么还是去你的吧 |
[25:41] | I like the way you express yourself too. It’s pithy, yet degenerate. | 不过我喜欢你的表达方式 非常精炼 但是很颓废 |
[25:44] | You get many dates? I don’t think so. | 有很多人约你出去吗? 我想不会有 |
[25:46] | I do. Actually, now I do. | 当然有 实际上 现在就约着 |
[25:48] | You’ll never believe this, but I never thought I was very pretty. | 你不会相信的 我从来都不觉得自己很漂亮 |
[25:50] | Oh, what is pretty anyway? | 噢 到底怎么才算是漂亮? |
[25:52] | I hate being pretty. It’s so subjective. | 我讨厌变得漂亮 那都是非常主观的 |
[25:56] | The brightest men just drop dead | 我是说 最聪明的男人一见到张 |
[25:58] | in front of a beautiful face. | 漂亮的脸孔 也会立马犯晕 |
[26:00] | The minute you climb into the sack, if you’re the least bit giving… | 一旦你爬上床去 给他们哪怕一丁点的暗示 |
[26:02] | they’re so grateful. | 他们就会贱得不得了 |
[26:04] | -Yeah, I know I am, you know. -Do you have any kids? | -是啊 我就是这样的 你知道 -你有孩子吗? |
[26:07] | Me? Yeah. I got a kid who’s being raised by two women at the moment. | 我? 有 我有个儿子 此刻他正由两个女人抚养着 |
[26:10] | I think that works. | 我认为那样很好 |
[26:11] | I read a study in one of the psychoanalytic quarterlies. | 我在精神分析季刊上 读到过一份研究报告 |
[26:15] | You don’t need a male. Two mothers are absolutely fine. | 你根本不需要男人 两位母亲绝对可以做得很好 |
[26:18] | I always feel very few people survive one mother. | 我一直认为光一位母亲 就已经很让人够呛了 |
[26:21] | Well, listen, I gotta get my dog. | 嗯 听着 我要去把我的狗牵出来 |
[26:23] | You wanna wait? I gotta walk it. | 你能等一会儿吗? 我要遛一下 |
[26:25] | Are you in a rush or something? | 你是不是还有什么事要忙? |
[26:27] | No. Sure. What kind of dog you got? | 不 没有 你有条什么样的狗? |
[26:29] | The worst. It’s a dachshund. | 最糟的狗 是达克斯矮脚猎犬 |
[26:31] | It’s a penis substitute for me. | 你知道 那是我的阳具替代物 |
[26:34] | I would’ve thought then in your case, a Great Dane. | 要是这样的话 我认为你应该养一条大丹麦犬 |
[26:57] | -So, are you serious with Yale or what? -Serious? | -这么说 你和耶尔是认真的还是怎么? -认真? |
[27:01] | -Yeah. You know, I mean, he’s married. -So what? | -你知道 他是个已婚男人 -那又怎样? |
[27:04] | I don’t know. I guess I should straighten my life out, huh? | 我不知道 我想我不应该 再纠缠在里面了 哈? |
[27:08] | Donny, my analyst, is always telling me… | 我的心理医生唐尼总是跟我说… |
[27:09] | -You call your analyst Donny? -Yeah, I call him Donny. | -你喊你的心理医生唐尼? -是的 我叫他唐尼 |
[27:12] | -You call him Donny, your analyst? -Yes. | -你叫他唐尼 你的心理医生? -没错 |
[27:14] | I call mine Dr. Chomsky. | 我叫我心理医生乔姆斯基博士 |
[27:16] | Yeah, or he hits me with the ruler. | 是的 不然的话 他会拿戒尺打我的 |
[27:19] | Anyway, Donny tells me that I get involved in these situations… | 总之 唐尼跟我说 是我想要处于这样的境地 |
[27:22] | and that it’s deliberate. | 是我一手造成的 |
[27:24] | Especially with my ex-husband, Jeremiah. | 特别是同我的前夫 杰里迈亚 |
[27:27] | You know, I mean, I was his student and… | 你知道 我是说 我以前是他的学生… |
[27:30] | -Really? You married your teacher? -Yeah, yeah, of course. | -真的吗? 你嫁给你老师啦? -是的 是的 当然 |
[27:33] | That’s very… | 这太… 这太… |
[27:35] | He failed me, and I fell in love. | 他考试没让我过 我就爱上他了 |
[27:37] | -That’s perfect. -I know. | -有够绝! -我知道 |
[27:39] | I was sleeping with him, and he had the nerve to give me an “F.” | 我和他上了床 他居然还是让我挂了 |
[27:41] | -Really? -Yeah, really. | -真的吗? -是的 真的 |
[27:43] | No kidding? Not even an incomplete? Just a straight “F.” | 别开玩笑 连补救的机会都没有? 直接让你挂了? |
[27:47] | You know, you’ve got a good sense of humor. You actually do. | 你知道 你的幽默感很强 真的很强 |
[27:50] | Thanks. I don’t need you to tell me that. | 嘿 嘿 谢谢! 我不需要 你来告诉我这一点 |
[27:53] | I’ve been making good money off it for years… | 你知道 我靠这个挣了不少钱 好多年了 |
[27:55] | till I quit my job to write this book. | 直到我辞掉我的工作 想写这本书 |
[27:57] | Now, I’m very nervous about it, you know. | 现在 为此我感到很不安 你知道 |
[28:01] | Do you wanna… Oh, you don’t have to pay for it. | 你想要… 噢 你没必要帮我付钱 真的 |
[28:04] | That’s okay. | 噢 这没什么 |
[28:04] | No, I’m serious. Let’s walk. | 不 真的没必要 你想沿着河走走吗? |
[28:07] | -You know what time it is now? -What do you mean? | -你知道现在几点了吗? -你什么意思? |
[28:09] | If I don’t get at least 16 hours, I’m a basket case. | 如果我睡不足16小时 我会发疯的 |
[28:13] | I’d like to hear about your book. | 我想听你谈谈你书的事 |
[28:14] | I really would. I’m a good editor. | 我真的想知道 你知道 我是个不错的编辑 |
[28:17] | -Yeah? -Uh-huh. | -是吗? -是的 |
[28:18] | My book is about decaying values. It’s about… | 唔 我的书写的是 价值观的堕落 是关于… |
[28:22] | See, the thing is, years ago, | 你看 是这样的 几年前 |
[28:23] | I wrote a short story about my mother… | 我写过一个短篇小说 讲我母亲的 |
[28:25] | called “The Castrating Zionist.” | 名字是《阉割的犹太分子》 |
[28:27] | I wanna expand it into a novel. | 我想把它扩充成一部长篇小说 |
[28:29] | -That’s good. -I can talk about my book all night. | -不错啊 -谈到我的书 我可以和你聊一个晚上 |
[28:44] | Isn’t it beautiful out? | 这景色是不是很美? |
[28:46] | Yeah, it’s really so pretty when the light starts to come up. | 是啊 真的非常之美 特别是当晨曦微露的时候 |
[28:50] | I know, I love it. | 是啊 我也很喜欢 |
[28:53] | Boy… | 天呐 |
[28:55] | This is really a great city. I don’t care what anybody says. | 这真是一座伟大的城市 我不管别人怎么认为 |
[28:58] | It’s just so… It’s really a knockout, you know? | 它简直太… 它真是美得令人目眩 你知道 |
[29:02] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[29:04] | I think I better head back. | 我想我该回去了 |
[29:07] | I have an appointment with Yale for lunch later on. | 我中午还有个约会 要和耶尔一起吃中饭 |
[29:32] | Mm, hi. | 唔 嗨! |
[29:35] | No, I’m awake. | 不 不 我醒了 |
[29:38] | Jesus, what’re you doing? It’s 7:15. | 天呐 你在干… 你在干嘛? 现在才七点十五分 |
[29:42] | Oh, yeah? Yeah. | 哦 是吗? |
[29:46] | Really? | 真的? |
[29:48] | You did, at the museum? | 是吗? 在博物馆碰到的? |
[29:50] | Yeah, well, she’s very active in the feminist movement. | 是啊 没错 她对女权运动比较热衷 |
[29:55] | So you’re gonna go apartment-hunting with Tracy? | 呃… 这么说你打算和特蕾西一起 去找房子看看? |
[30:00] | Yeah, well, you know, | 是啊 好吧 你知道 |
[30:01] | you should be able to find something. It’s Isaac. | 你一定能找到的 是艾萨克的电话 |
[30:04] | Yeah, I don’t think you’ll have any trouble. | 对 我想你应该没什么问题 |
[30:07] | Yeah, well, I knew you’d… | 是啊 你看 我知道你会… |
[30:09] | See, she’s a terrific woman if you spent some time with her. | 你看 如果你和她多处一段时间 就知道她是个出色的女人 |
[30:12] | And you still feel the same way about her? | 你对她的感觉还是跟以前一样? |
[30:15] | You still feel hung up on her? You hadn’t mentioned it in a while. | 你对她仍然很着迷? 因为我有一阵子没听到你提起她了 |
[30:17] | So you… Yeah. | 所以我以为你… 是啊 |
[30:23] | Right. I know. | 是啊 嗯哼 对 我知道 |
[30:26] | She’s great, I know. | 她很不错 我知道 很不错 |
[30:29] | So, no, I gotta go apartment-hunting today. | 所以 呃… 不 我今天一定得去找房子了 |
[30:32] | I have to get something cheaper. | 我得住得便宜一点 |
[30:33] | I can’t keep living, you know, where I do. It’s just… | 我不能继续住在现在的地方了 你知道 这太… |
[30:42] | -Isaac’s terrific, isn’t he? -Mm, yeah. | -艾萨克很不错 是吗? -嗯 是啊 |
[30:45] | -He said he had a great time with you. -Did he really? That’s good. | -他说他和你在一起很开心 -他真的这么说的? 那就好 |
[30:48] | That’s funny, ’cause I always think that he’s uncomfortable around me. | 真有意思 因为我一直以为 我在他旁边让他很不自在 |
[30:51] | Come on. I missed you so much. | 噢 怎么可能! 我好想你啊 |
[30:54] | -It’s terrible. -This is just ridiculous. | -感觉太糟了 -噢 耶尔 这简直有点荒唐 |
[30:57] | You’re married. It’s… Listen. | 你结过婚 这… 你听我说 |
[30:59] | I’m beginning to sound like I’m one of those women. | 我说话也开始像那些女人了 |
[31:01] | It sounds terrible. I hate it. | 太糟糕了 我一点也不喜欢 |
[31:03] | Why don’t I just move out? | 要么我考虑搬出来得了? |
[31:05] | No, I don’t want you to do that. | 不 噢 千万别 我可不想你这样做 |
[31:07] | I don’t wanna break up a marriage. | 我可不想破坏你们的婚姻 |
[31:09] | Besides, I’m not looking for any big involvement here. | 再者说 我也不想纠缠得太深 |
[31:12] | It’s just… I don’t… It’s crazy. It’s crazy. | 这简直… 我不知道… 疯了 都疯了 |
[31:16] | I think about you when you’re not around. | 你不在的时候 我也很想你 |
[31:19] | -What do you want me to do? -Nothing. I don’t know. | -你想让我怎么做? -没什么可做的 我不知道 |
[31:21] | I really don’t know. I just… I guess I should see someone who’s not married. | 我真的不知道 我只是… 我想我应该找个单身的男人 |
[31:26] | -God, you are so beautiful. -Oh, Yale, stop it. Stop it. | -天呐 你太漂亮了 -噢 耶尔 别这样 住手! |
[31:29] | We’re in the middle of Bloomingdale’s, and somebody’s gonna see us. | 我们这是在”布鲁明戴尔商店”里 有人会看见我们的 |
[31:33] | Oh, did I tell you? I think I may have an interview with Borges. | 噢 我跟你说过吗? 我可能要去采访博尔赫斯 |
[31:36] | I told you that we met before when he was here. | 我告诉过你 他上次来这儿时我们见过面 |
[31:38] | He seems to feel very comfortable around me. | 他看上去对我的感觉还不错 |
[31:41] | -Let’s go somewhere and make love. -What do you mean? Not now. | -我们找个地方亲热一下吧 -你什么意思? 现在可不行 |
[31:45] | Not now. Jesus. You’ve got a writing class in an hour. | 现在不行 天呐 一小时后你还要去上写作课呢 |
[31:49] | Your students are gonna know. You’re gonna have this… | 你的学生会发现的 因为你会有… |
[31:52] | this big grin on your face. | 你的脸上会有心满意足的表情 |
[31:54] | And I don’t wanna go to your house ’cause I can’t stand the dog… | 我不想去你住的地方 因为我受不了那狗 |
[31:58] | -Why can’t you? -and the telephone ringing all the time. | -为什么受不了? -还有电话 老是响个不停 |
[31:59] | Thank you. Can’t you just hold me? | 谢谢 你能不能就抱我一下呢? |
[32:01] | Does your love for me always have to express itself sexually? | 你对我的爱就只有通过性才能表达吗? |
[32:04] | What about other values, | 为什么不可以有其它层面的意义 |
[32:06] | like warmth and spiritual contact? | 比如说呵护或精神上的接触? |
[32:08] | A hotel, right? Jesus, I’m a pushover anyway. | 你想去旅馆 对吗? 天呐 反正我太容易迁就你了 |
[32:15] | -Hi. Is Willie ready? -Yeah, come on in. | -嗨! 威利准备好了吗? -好了 进来吧 |
[32:18] | -He’ll be right down. -How you been, Ike? | -他马上就下来 -你怎么样 艾克? |
[32:23] | -Good. How you been? -I’ve been terrific. | -还行 你怎么样? -很不错 |
[32:25] | -Yeah? -Yeah, been getting lots of work done. | -是吗? -是的 完成了不少工作 |
[32:28] | Things are going really well. | 一切都进展得很顺利 |
[32:30] | -You want some coffee or something? -No. | -你想要来点咖啡还是什么? -呃… 不用 |
[32:33] | How’s Willie doing? | 那么威利怎么样了? |
[32:34] | Willie’s fine. He’s beginning to show some real talent in drawing. | 威利很好 他开始显示出 某种真正的绘画才华了 |
[32:38] | Yeah? Where does he get that? ‘Cause you and I don’t draw. | 是吗? 这他从哪儿获得的? 你不画画我也不画画 |
[32:41] | I draw. | 我画 |
[32:43] | Yep, but there’s no way that you could be the actual father. | 对头! 可是你不大可能是他的生父吧 |
[32:48] | I’m hoping that you’ll take Willie the weekend of the 16th… | 我们在想16号周末那天 你能不能来接威利 |
[32:50] | ’cause Connie and I are thinking of going to Barbados. | 因为康妮和我打算去巴巴多斯 |
[32:52] | Let me ask you… Are you still gonna write that | 我来问你一下 你仍然打算写 |
[32:54] | stupid book? You serious? | 那本无聊的书 是吗? 你是当真的? |
[32:57] | I’m very serious about it. It’s an honest book. Don’t be ashamed. | 我当然很当真 这是本诚实的书 你没必要觉得丢人 |
[33:02] | Can I talk to you for a minute? Excuse me for a minute. | 我能不能和你稍微谈一下? 对不起 就给我一分钟 |
[33:05] | Let me ask you something. Here’s what I still don’t understand. | 我来问你一下 有些事情我到现在也没弄明白 |
[33:07] | Where are you running? All the times I come over here… | 你要跑哪儿去? 每次我来这里 你都… |
[33:09] | I can’t understand how you prefer her to me. | 我死活也不明白 你为什么会喜欢她而不是我? |
[33:12] | -You can’t understand that? -No, it’s a mystery to me. | -你不明白? -是的 对我来说是个谜 |
[33:14] | You knew my history when we married. | 我们结婚的时候你知道我的过去 |
[33:15] | Yeah, I know, my analyst warned me… | 是的 我知道 我的心理医生警告过我 |
[33:16] | but you were so beautiful that I got another analyst. | 可你太漂亮了 我没听进去 我把心理医生也换了 |
[33:20] | You think we can be ever just friends? | 你能不能就把我们当成一般的朋友呢? |
[33:22] | You putting in all the details? | 你想在书中把所有细节都和盘托出 对吗? |
[33:24] | No, I won’t dwell on the part where you tried to run her over with a car. | 没有 我不打算把你试图用车 轧死她的那部分写进去 |
[33:27] | I tried to run her over with a car? What are you talking about? | 我试图用车轧死她? 你这是什么话? |
[33:31] | It was late at night. You know I don’t drive well. | 那天晚上已经很晚了 你知道我的驾驶技术不行 |
[33:33] | It was raining. It was dark. | 天下着雨 黑漆抹乌 |
[33:35] | What were you doing, lurking around outside the cabin anyway? | 还有 你在那小屋外面鬼鬼祟祟的 那又是在干嘛? |
[33:38] | I was spying on you guys ’cause I knew what was happening. | 我盯你们两个的梢 因为我知道出什么事了 |
[33:40] | You were falling in love. | 你爱上别人了 |
[33:43] | So you felt you had to run her over with a car? | 所以你就想用车轧死她? |
[33:46] | Do I look like the type of person that would run someone over in a car? | 我看上去是那种 想用车轧死别人的人吗? |
[33:48] | -You know how slowly I was going? -Not slowly enough… | -你知道我开得有多慢吗? -你是开得够慢 |
[33:50] | that you didn’t rip the whole front porch of the cabin off. | 把那小屋的整个前门廊都撞飞了 |
[33:52] | Get the kid. I can’t have this argument with you every time I come over. | 带孩子出来 每次过来都这样 大吵一顿 真受不了 |
[34:33] | -The stupidest thing. -You look funny in that jacket. | -这太傻了 -你穿这件上衣很滑稽 |
[34:36] | I know. I had hoped for something in a gabardine. It’s crazy, isn’t it? | 我知道 我希望找件粗布长袍穿穿 我疯了 是吗? |
[34:40] | -So, do you miss me? -Yeah. Do you miss me? | -你想我吗? -想的 你想我吗? |
[34:42] | Of course I miss you. I love you. That’s why I come get you all the time. | 我当然想你 我爱你 这就是为什么我总是带你出来 |
[34:47] | Why can’t we have frankfurters? | 我为什么不能吃熏肉肠? |
[34:49] | Because this is the Russian Tea Room. You wanna have a blintz or something. | 因为这是俄罗斯茶室 你只能吃到薄饼卷之类的 |
[34:53] | A frankfurter gives you cancer anyhow. Besides, did you see those two women? | 而且熏肉肠会让你生癌 另外 你看见那边的两个女的没? |
[34:57] | They have very beautiful women that eat here. | 经常有漂亮美眉在这里吃东西 |
[35:00] | You know, we could do very well. | 你知道 我们可以好好表现 |
[35:02] | We could’ve picked these two up. | 我想我们可以把她俩带走 要是你是个快手 |
[35:05] | I’m serious. | 我是说真的 |
[35:07] | I think the brunette liked you. | 我想那位浅黑头发的美眉喜欢你 |
[35:26] | Hello, Yale? I’m sorry for calling. | 哈喽 耶尔? 抱歉打电话给你 |
[35:31] | No, nothing’s wrong. | 不 没什么事 |
[35:33] | I’ve… Well, I don’t know. I just thought that it’s, you know… | 我… 唔 我不知道 我只是想 你知道 |
[35:36] | It’s Sunday out, and I thought maybe if you could get away… | 今天是星期天 我想也许你可以出来一下 |
[35:40] | we could go for a walk. | 我们可以散散步 |
[35:45] | That’s right. You mentioned that. It was just a shot. | 没错 你说过的 嗯 好的 我只是想试一下 |
[35:49] | Yeah. Yeah. Well, I won’t keep you. Okay. | 是的 是的 好的 我不占用你时间了 好的 |
[35:53] | Bye-bye. | 好的 再见 |
[36:00] | Hello? | 你好! |
[36:04] | How you doing? | 你怎么样? |
[36:06] | No, no, not at all. I was just sitting around… | 不 不 一点也没有 我没事正坐着 |
[36:09] | looking through the magazine section. | 随便翻翻杂志 |
[36:14] | I didn’t read the piece on China’s faceless masses. | 不… 不 我没读那篇讲中国人 千人一面的文章 |
[36:18] | I was checking out the lingerie ads. | 我正在翻看女性内衣广告 |
[36:21] | Yeah, I can never get past them. They’re really erotic. | 是的 那些我从不拉下的 它们真的都很性感 |
[36:23] | You wanna go for a walk? | 你想出去走走吗? |
[36:26] | I don’t know. I’ve gotta get out. I’m going stir-crazy here… | 我不知道 我一定得出去一下 我闷在这里都快发狂了 |
[36:29] | and Yale’s with Emily’s parents. | 耶尔和埃米莉在她父母家 |
[36:32] | It’s such a beautiful Sunday. | 这真是个美好的星期天 |
[36:36] | Come on, it’s an electrical storm. | 快点啊 都闪电了 要下雨了! |
[36:38] | You wanna wind up in an ashtray? | 你想被装入烟灰缸里吗? |
[36:40] | -It was such a beautiful day out. -Yeah, wonderful. | -刚才天气多好啊 -是啊 好极了 |
[36:43] | Jesus, I think I heard the Chrysler Building blow up. | 天呐 我想我听到 “克莱斯勒大厦”被击中了 |
[36:45] | -Oh, no, thunder scares me. Here. -Come on. | -噢 不 我很害怕雷声 给你 -快点 |
[36:47] | It’s not my favorite sound either. | 那也不是我最喜欢听到的声音 |
[36:48] | Oh, God! Do you know, every year… | 噢 天哪! 你知道吗? |
[36:50] | one or two people get killed during an electrical storm in Central Park? | 每年在”中央公园”里 都有一两个人死于雷击 |
[36:54] | Yeah, why don’t I run up ahead and we’ll talk later in the week? | 是啊 我想先跑了 我们还是下个星期再聊吧 |
[37:11] | Jesus Christ, I’m soaking wet. This is awful. | 老天哪 我全身湿透了 太糟糕了 |
[37:15] | You look ridiculous. You know that? | 你看上去好狼狈啊 你知道吗? |
[37:17] | Next time you wanna take a Sunday walk, get somebody else. | 下次你再想在星期天散步 你还是找别人吧 |
[37:21] | I’ve never seen anyone react so strongly to a little bit of rain. | 我还没碰到过对一点点雨水 做出如此强烈反应的人 |
[37:25] | It wasn’t the water. It was electricity. I don’t wanna get hit by lightning. | 不是雨水 是雷电 我可不想被闪电击中 |
[37:28] | I’ll turn into one of those guys that | 我不想变成在”布鲁明戴尔商店”外面 |
[37:30] | sells comic books near Bloomingdale’s. | 卖漫画书的那个家伙的样子 |
[37:31] | -Do you think I look terrible? -Let’s see. | -你看看我怎么样? 我狼狈吗? -让我看看 |
[37:34] | -How do I look? -Can’t see. | -怎么样? 我看上去怎么样? -看不清楚 |
[37:36] | You should see your face. | 你应该看看你的脸 |
[37:38] | You look kinda nice actually. You’re sort of pretty. | 你看上去不错 实际上 还蛮漂亮的 |
[37:43] | -I’m really annoyed with Yale. -Why? | -我真的有点生耶尔的气 -为什么? |
[37:46] | He was supposed to see me today, and then he couldn’t. | 他今天应该是来陪我的 可他却脱不开身 |
[37:48] | I had tickets to this Vivaldi concert last night. He had to cancel on me. | 我买了昨晚维瓦尔第音乐会的票 他自然也放了我的鸽子 |
[37:53] | -That’s what happens when you’re… -I know. | -你知道 这是常事 当你跟一个… -我知道 |
[37:55] | When you’re having an affair with a married man. | 当你跟一个结了婚的男人 有了关系之后 |
[37:57] | -What a terrible way to put it. -Hey, I didn’t put it that way. | -你这样说真是叫人很不爽 -嘿 我可没这么说 |
[38:01] | My ex-husband was having an affair while we were married, and I never… | 我丈夫 不 我前夫有了婚外恋 可我从没… |
[38:05] | -Really? -Yeah, at least one that I know of. | -真的吗? -真的 我了解到至少有一个 |
[38:08] | I never mentioned anything | 可是我从来就不提 |
[38:09] | because I felt I was deficient in some way… | 因为我觉得 从某种意义上来说 我也有不足 |
[38:12] | that I was bad in bed, or I wasn’t bright enough… | 我在床上表现得不好 我也不够聪明 |
[38:14] | that I was physically unattractive. | 我的身体也不怎么吸引人 |
[38:16] | But I’ll tell you something. In the end, he was just a louse. | 可是我这么跟你说吧 说到底 他本身是个烂人 |
[38:19] | Yeah, I know, an intellectual louse. | 是啊 我知道 烂知识分子 |
[38:20] | Oh, God, was he brilliant. | 噢 天哪 以前我认为他那么才华横溢 |
[38:22] | I was so crazy about him. He really opened me up sexually. | 我完全被他迷住了 而且在性方面 是他开发的我 |
[38:25] | He taught me everything. Women found him devastating. | 什么都是他教的我 女人都觉得他难以抗拒 |
[38:30] | Look, there’s Saturn. | 噢 你看 那个是土星 |
[38:32] | Saturn is the sixth planet from the sun. | 土星是太阳系的第六颗行星 |
[38:35] | How many of Saturn’s satellites can you name? | 土星的卫星 你有几个可以叫出名字? |
[38:38] | There’s Mimas, Titan, Dione, Hyperion, | 听着 有米玛斯 泰坦 狄俄涅[土卫1 2 4 7] |
[38:40] | of course. | 当然还有许珀里翁 |
[38:43] | I can’t name any of them. Fortunately, they never come up in conversation. | 我一个都叫不上来 幸运的是 也从来没人问过我这个 |
[38:47] | Facts. Yeah, I’ve got a million facts on my fingertips. | 事实 我的手指尖都知道无数的事实 |
[38:50] | That’s right, and they don’t mean a think, right? | 没错 但那些都和思考无关 对吗? |
[38:52] | Because nothing worth knowing can be understood with the mind. | 因为任何值得去探究的东西 都不能通过心智去理解 |
[38:55] | Everything really valuable has to enter you through a different opening… | 任何真正有价值的东西 必须通过其它通道进入你的身体 |
[38:59] | if you’ll forgive the disgusting imagery. | 原谅我打这样一个 有点令人恶心的比方 |
[39:01] | I really don’t agree at all. | 我完全不能同意 |
[39:02] | Where would we be without rational thought? | 人要是没有了 理性的思考 会变成什么样子? |
[39:05] | You rely too much on your brain. | 你… 你太依赖于你的大脑了 |
[39:08] | The brain is the most overrated organ, I think. | 我… 我认为大脑 是被夸大得最厉害的器官了 |
[39:11] | I know you. You probably think I’m too cerebral. | 我知道你的意思 你也许认为我太自以为聪明了 |
[39:15] | Well, you are, you know, kinda on the brainy side. | 唔 是有那么一点 你知道 你是有那么一点聪明 |
[39:19] | What’s the difference what I think about you? God knows what you think of me. | 我怎么看你有什么关系? 天知道你是怎么看我的啊 |
[39:23] | I think you’re fine. Are you kidding? | 我认为你还不错 你开玩笑? |
[39:24] | You have a little hostile tendency… | 我是说 你是有点跟我作对的倾向 |
[39:27] | but I find that attractive. | 可是我觉得那还蛮吸引我的 |
[39:29] | Oh, yeah? Well, I’m glad you do. | 哦 是吗? 好啊 我很高兴你这么想 |
[39:33] | So, you think I have no feelings, is that it? | 这么说你认为我缺乏感情 是这样的吗? |
[39:37] | Well, you, I… You’re so sensitive. | 嘿 你这是… 你太敏感了 |
[39:40] | Jesus, I never said that. | 天哪 我从没那样说过 |
[39:42] | I think you’re terrific. | 我认为你… 我认为你很棒 |
[39:46] | Really, I think, you know, I just… | 真的 我认为 你知道 我只是… |
[39:49] | You’re very insecure. I really think you’re wonderful, really. | 你有点缺乏安全感 我真的觉得你很好 真的 |
[39:56] | What do you think? It’s probably stopped raining out. | 你觉得怎么样? 外面的雨会不会停了? |
[39:58] | You wanna grab a bite or something like that? | 你想不想去弄点东西吃吃? |
[40:02] | I gotta see somebody this evening. I don’t know if it’s such a great idea. | 今天晚上我约了人 我想可能不行了 |
[40:07] | Right. Well, so what about some time next week? | 是啊 好吧 那么下个星期 找个时间怎么样? |
[40:10] | I might give you a call. Do you have any free time? | 我可以打电话给你 你什么时候有空呢? |
[40:17] | I don’t think I’m gonna have any free time, you know, ’cause… | 我想我可能没什么空 你知道 因为… |
[40:21] | I don’t think it’s such a great idea for me. I’m working on this book. | 我想我可能不行 我要忙于写书了 |
[40:25] | And it’s, you know, it takes a lot of my energy up. | 因为这很… 你知道 这很花我的精力 |
[40:29] | Okay, yeah. | 好吧 好的 |
[40:32] | Well, your parents are in a good mood. I almost had a good time. | 你父母心情不错啊 我也被他们影响了 |
[40:37] | Who was that you called after dinner? | 晚饭后你给谁打电话? |
[40:39] | David Cohen. He wants me to review | 噢 是大卫·科恩 他想让我为那本 |
[40:42] | the new book on Virginia Woolf. | 写弗吉妮亚·伍尔夫的书写个书评 |
[40:44] | He’s written another one, if you can believe it. | 他已经写了一个 你想不到吧? |
[40:48] | -Are you okay? -Yeah, I’m fine. What do you mean? | -你怎么啦? -我没怎么 你什么意思? |
[40:51] | You seem sort of nervous. | 你看上去有点心不在焉 |
[40:53] | Nah, I’m not. I feel good. I was gonna ask you. | 得了 我没有 我很好 我倒正想问你 你怎么啦? |
[40:57] | -No, I’m okay. -You seemed strange at dinner. | -不 我很好 -在饭桌上你看上去有点奇怪 |
[41:01] | Well, I just… more thoughts about kids. | 唔 我还是在想孩子的事情 |
[41:03] | Come on. | 噢 拜托 |
[41:07] | Listen, I told Cohen I’d stop by and pick up the book. Is that okay? | 我说 我告诉科恩 我路过时去取一下书 可以吗? |
[41:12] | Yeah. | 行 |
[41:14] | Hey, it’s not too crowded. | 嘿 里面人不算太多 |
[41:16] | No, not too bad for Sunday. I thought it would be jammed. | 是啊 对星期天来说不算太糟 我以为里面挤满了人 |
[41:18] | So did I. | 我也是 |
[41:19] | I’m glad you could get out tonight, ’cause I really did want to see you. | 我很高兴今晚你能出来 你知道 因为我真的很想见到你 |
[41:25] | I like it when you get an uncontrollable urge. | 我喜欢你被无法抑制的欲望 所控制的样子 |
[41:29] | Yeah, I know, it’s my best feature… | 是啊 我知道 这是我的最佳特征… |
[41:32] | my boyish impetuosity. | 我的孩子气的冲动 |
[41:34] | You look adorable. | 你看上去很可爱 |
[41:35] | So, I have a chance to go to London and study… | 你看 我得到了个去伦敦学习的机会 |
[41:38] | with the Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts. | 在”音乐与戏剧艺术学院” |
[41:40] | Really? When did that happen? | 真的吗? 这是什么时候的事? |
[41:43] | The other day. I got a letter. | 前两天 我收到了封信 |
[41:45] | That’s great. You have… That’s terrific. | 太好了! 你可以… 真的很棒! |
[41:48] | I don’t wanna go without you. | 你不去 我不想去 |
[41:51] | I can’t go to London and study. | 嘿 我不可能去伦敦学习 |
[41:53] | It’s crazy, especially Shakespeare. | 你看 完全不可能 特别是莎士比亚 |
[41:55] | I don’t look good in leotards or anything like that. | 你知道 我穿紧身连衣裤之类的 一点也不好看 |
[41:57] | -I’m serious. -Of course you should go. It’s great. | -我是认真的 -你当然应该去 大好机会 |
[42:02] | You’ll have a great time in London. | 你在伦敦会非常开心的 |
[42:04] | It’s a great town, and you’re a wonderful actress. | 那是个伟大的城市 你是个了不起的演员 |
[42:06] | It’s a terrific place to study. You’ll be the toast of the town. | 那儿是学习的绝佳的地方 你知道 你会备受推崇的 |
[42:10] | You’ll have a good time, really. | 你会过得非常开心 真的 |
[42:13] | -You shouldn’t pass that. -So what happens to us? | -你不应该错过这个机会 -那我们之间怎么办? |
[42:16] | You know, we’ll always have Paris. I’m kidding. | 你知道 我们可以去巴黎见嘛 我开玩笑 |
[42:21] | What kind of question is that? You know you can’t think of that now. | 你这是什么问题? 你知道你现在不能这么想 |
[42:25] | You won’t take me seriously just because I’m 17. | 因为我十七岁 所以你不认真考虑我 |
[42:28] | Yeah, exactly, ’cause you’re 17. I mean, it’s ridiculous. | 是的 正是因为你只有十七岁 我是说 这太荒唐了 |
[42:32] | You’re 17 now, when you’re 36, I’ll be… | 你现在十七岁 当你三十六岁时 我会是… |
[42:36] | 63. | 六十三 |
[42:39] | 63, right. Thank you. It’s absurd. | 六十三 对 谢谢 你看 这太荒唐了 |
[42:42] | You’ll be at the height of your sexual powers. | 到那时 你正是如狼似虎的年龄 |
[42:45] | Of course, I will too, probably, but I’m a late starter. | 当然 也许我也可能是 因为我性起步比较晚 |
[42:50] | -Who ordered a plain pie? -Me. | -谁点的无料馅饼 -我的 |
[42:52] | So you must be anchovies, sausage, | 那么您要的是加了凤尾鱼 香肠 |
[42:54] | mushrooms, garlic and green peppers. | 蘑菇 大蒜 和青椒的 |
[42:56] | You forgot the coconut. What do you wanna do tonight? | 你忘了要椰子 你今晚想干什么? |
[43:00] | Anything. We’ll go to the movies. | 什么都行 我们可以去看电影 |
[43:02] | I’ll take you dancing. Whatever. | 我可以带你去跳舞 什么都行 今晚是你的 |
[43:05] | -Anything, huh? -Absolutely anything. | -什么都行 哈? -绝对都行 |
[43:07] | -Okay, I know what we can do. -Get that filthy look off your face. | -好吧 我知道我们可以干什么 -别那么色迷迷地看着我 |
[43:11] | Shut up. It’s not filthy. | 闭嘴 我没色迷迷的 |
[43:29] | This is so corny. I can’t believe this. | 这太傻冒了 简直不敢相信 |
[43:32] | Is this what you wanted to do? This was your one wish? | 这就是你想做的? 这就是你的愿望之一? |
[43:34] | I don’t think it’s corny. I think it’s fun. I really do. | 我可不觉得傻冒 我觉得很有趣 真的觉得有趣 |
[43:37] | It is fun, but I did this when I was a kid, you know. | 是很有趣 可是在我小时候 我就做过了 你知道 |
[43:40] | Yeah, well, I’ve never done it. I think it’s great. | 是啊 可是我从没做过 我感觉好极了 |
[43:43] | On my prom night, I went around this park five, six times. | 我中学毕业那晚 我绕着这个公园兜了五六圈 |
[43:47] | If I had been with a girl, this would’ve been an incredible experience. | 那时要有个女孩和我一起 那就会是个难忘的经历了 |
[44:06] | Quit fighting it. You know you’re crazy about me. | 别抗拒了 你知道你想我想得要死 |
[44:09] | I am. You’re God’s answer to Job. | 是的 上帝可以拿你来回答约伯 |
[44:13] | You would’ve ended all argument between them. | 你也许解决了他们之间的所有争论 |
[44:15] | He would’ve pointed to you and said… | 上帝会指着你说: |
[44:17] | “I do a lot of terrible things, but I can also make one of these.” | “我干了许多可怕的事情 可我也创造出了像她这样的女人” |
[44:20] | And then Job would’ve said, “Okay, well, you win.” | 然后约伯会说: “好吧 算你赢了” |
[44:34] | Now, look, this is crazy. I can’t do this anymore. | 好吧 你瞧 这太荒唐了 不能再这样下去了 |
[44:37] | It’s really bullshit. You know what I mean? | 简直荒唐透顶 你知道我的意思吗? |
[44:38] | You’re married. | 我是说 你结过婚 你结过婚! |
[44:40] | And I expected to see you this weekend and I sit around. I got nothing to do. | 上个周末我想见你 可我只能干坐着 无所事事 |
[44:44] | So I called Isaac. We went for a walk. | 所以我打电话找艾萨克 我们出去散了会步 |
[44:46] | I was just lucky he was free. | 我运气好 幸亏他也没事 |
[44:48] | I know, I know, I’m sorry. | 我知道 我知道 我很抱歉 |
[44:50] | It’s not your fault. What the hell… it’s a no-win situation. | 这不是你的错 究竟怎么… 这样对谁都不好 |
[44:54] | It’s just, I’m beautiful and bright, and I deserve better. | 这简直是… 我漂亮而且聪明 我应该有更好的归宿 |
[44:57] | I know. What if I took some action? | 我知道 那么我采取点行动怎么样? |
[45:01] | No, I’m not a home wrecker. Fuck it. | 不! 我可不愿当家庭破坏者 去他的! |
[45:04] | I just don’t know how I got into this situation. | 我只是弄不明白 我是怎么落到这个地步的 |
[45:06] | I guess we met at the wrong time | 我想是因为在错误的时间 |
[45:07] | or something. It happens. | 我们见了面还是怎么 然后就这样了 |
[45:09] | Hello? Oh, hi, Harvey. How are you? | 喂? 噢 嗨 哈维 你好吗? |
[45:13] | Uh, what? | 呃 什么? |
[45:16] | Why don’t you bring it by on Thursday, and I’ll read it then, okay? | 你星期四带过来吧 我会读的 行吗? |
[45:20] | Yeah, yeah, yeah, okay. Right. | 好的 好的 好的 行 可以 |
[45:23] | I’ll talk to you later. Okay. Bye-bye. God. | 以后再聊 好的 再见 天哪! |
[45:26] | What do you want me to do? | 你想让我怎么做? |
[45:27] | Nothing! It’s just, we’re going… | 什么都别做! 这简直是… 我们这样… |
[45:29] | Waffles, will you please stop that now? | “汪汪” 你别闹了行吗? |
[45:31] | We’re just going no place. Excuse me. | 我们这样没有出路 让我过一下 |
[45:34] | Look, I know it’s terrible. | 你瞧 我知道这很糟糕 |
[45:36] | I’m sitting up at Sneeden’s Landing with Emily and her parents. I love her. | 我和她一起坐在”斯尼登高地” 她父母的家中 我也爱她 |
[45:41] | I’m sitting around, thinking about you all the time. | 我坐在那里 心里却无时无刻不在惦记着你 |
[45:43] | I wanted to call you. | 我想给你打电话 |
[45:44] | Oh, Christ. I don’t wanna hear about that. | 噢 上帝啊! 我不想听到你说这些! |
[45:47] | I’m from Philadelphia. My family’s never had affairs. | 我来自于费城 我家里从来没人有过婚外情 |
[45:50] | My parents have been married 43 years. Nobody cheats at all. | 我父母结婚有43年了 没人欺骗过谁 |
[45:53] | Hello? Oh, Donny, hi. It’s my analyst. Hello. | 喂? 噢 唐尼 嗨! 是我心理医生 你好! |
[46:00] | Well, I think that’d be impossible. | 呃… 不 我想那不可能 |
[46:05] | Okay, well, why… probably later in the week. | 好的 唔 为什么… 也许这个星期晚些时候 |
[46:07] | Okay. All right. All right, I’ll get back to you. | 行 好的 好的 我会和你联系 |
[46:11] | Okay, bye. | 好的 好的 再见 |
[46:13] | Relax. Waffles, please. Don’t, | 放松点 “汪汪” 别这样 |
[46:14] | please. Please, just don’t. | 别这样 拜托 千万别这样 |
[46:16] | This is really a bad time… Waffles… a bad time for me. | 现在不是时候… “汪汪” 我真的感觉很糟 |
[46:21] | I’ve gotta think things through. | 我得把这些事情理理清楚 |
[46:25] | Obviously I shouldn’t have come here, right? | 很显然 我不应该来 对吗? |
[46:27] | No, probably not. | 噢 是的 是不该来 |
[46:56] | Listen to that. How am I gonna get… What is that sound? | 听听那声音 我怎么可能… 那是什么声音啊? |
[47:01] | Can you hear that? Just listen. Where’s it coming from? | 你听见了吗? 仔细听听 它是从哪儿发出来的? |
[47:04] | It’s like somebody’s playing the trumpet… | 那就像… 就像是有人在玩小号 |
[47:07] | like a guy who’s… where somebody’s sawing… | 像是有个家伙他正… 那儿有人正在锯… |
[47:09] | like a man sawing a trumpet in half. | 像是有人将一把小号一锯两半 |
[47:11] | -Right? It’s like… -Let’s fool around. | -是吗? 你同意吗? 那就像… -我们来玩玩吧 |
[47:13] | You hear the sound? | 你听到那声音了吗? |
[47:14] | It’ll take your mind off it. | 我们来玩一下 这样你就不会在意那声音了 |
[47:16] | How many times a night can you… | 嘿 一个晚上你能有几次… |
[47:18] | How often can you make love an evening? | 一晚上你能做多少次爱啊? |
[47:20] | -A lot. -Yeah, I can tell. A lot. | -很多次 -是啊 看得出来 很多次! |
[47:23] | A lot is my favorite number. Gee, really, can you? | 很多次是我最喜欢的数字 天 真的吗? 你真能行? |
[47:27] | Let’s do it some strange way | 是的 让我们试一点新奇玩意儿 |
[47:29] | you always wanted to do, but no one would do it. | 你一直想那么做的 可惜没人陪你玩 |
[47:32] | I’m shocked. What kind of talk is that from a kid your age? | 我很震惊 你这个年龄的孩子 竟然会说出这样的话! |
[47:36] | I’ll get my scuba diving equipment, and I’ll really show you… | 好吧 我去取我的潜水呼吸设备 我让你真正瞧瞧… |
[47:38] | Take me seriously. | 认真点 别糊弄我! |
[47:40] | I do take you seriously. | 我没糊弄你 可是 你知道… |
[47:42] | Listen to this. Can you hear this? Am I crazy? | 听听这个 你听到了没有? 难道是我疯了? |
[47:44] | What? That’s a rumbling. | 怎么回事? 啊 那隆隆的声音! |
[47:47] | Listen to that goddamn… Where the hell is that coming from? | 听听那他妈的… 这他妈的究竟是从哪儿来的声音? |
[47:50] | -It’s probably just the elevator shaft. -It’s not the elevator shaft. | -也许是电梯井的声音 -这不是电梯井的声音 |
[47:53] | It’s coming from the walls someplace. | 这是从墙里面哪个地方传出来的 |
[47:54] | It’s a strange… Let’s… | 这声音很奇怪… 我们… 我们… |
[47:57] | Could we check into a hotel? I don’t wanna sleep here. | 我们去住旅馆好吗? 我今晚不想睡在这里了 |
[48:00] | I can’t sleep here. I can’t. Where’s the aspirin? | 在这儿我睡不着 根本睡不着 阿司匹林在哪儿? |
[48:03] | What’d you do with the aspirin? | 你把我的阿司匹林放哪儿去了? |
[48:05] | I’ll help you fix this place up. | 你给我机会 我会帮你整理这个地方 |
[48:07] | I don’t wanna fix it up, and I don’t want you living here. | 我不想整理这个地方 我也不想让你住在这儿 |
[48:09] | Tonight is a special occasion. It’s my first night in the apartment… | 今晚是特殊情况 这是我第一天晚上住这屋子 |
[48:13] | so it was okay. | 所以你可以在这里 |
[48:15] | I wanna break in the place, and I was afraid to sleep alone tonight. | 我刚搬入这地方 今晚我害怕一个人睡 |
[48:19] | What is this? There’s brown water. | 嘿 这是什么? 棕色的水 龙头里的水是棕色的 |
[48:22] | The pipes are rusty. | 水管锈掉了 |
[48:23] | -What is this, Tracy? -The pipes are rusty. | -这是怎么回事 特蕾西? -水管锈掉了! |
[48:26] | Look at this. It’s brown water. I’m paying $700 a month. | 你看看这个 水是棕色的 我一个月付700美元 |
[48:29] | I got rats with bongos and a frog, | 可这儿有跳邦戈群舞的老鼠和一只青蛙 |
[48:32] | and I got brown water here. Look. | 这儿的水是棕色的 看看这个 |
[48:34] | What’s gonna happen to us? | 你对我们将来到底有何打算? |
[48:36] | Disgusting. I like colorless liquid. | 太恶心了 我喜欢无色的液体 |
[48:37] | Listen. You keep ignoring me. What’s gonna happen with us? | 听着 你总是不在乎我 你对我们将来到底有何打算? |
[48:41] | What do you mean, what’s gonna happen with us? | 你什么意思? 我对我们将来到底有何打算? |
[48:43] | Do you have a good time with me? Aren’t I a load of laughs and fun? | 你和我在一起开心吗? 我是不是带给你很多笑声和乐趣呢? |
[48:46] | Can’t you tell from this evening? | 今晚是不是也这样的呢? |
[48:49] | So that’s it. Then we have fun. | 这不就结啦 你知道 我们在一起很愉快 |
[48:52] | Then you’re gonna go to London exactly as we discussed it. | 接下来你就要去伦敦了 就像我们已经讨论过的那样 |
[48:55] | You’re gonna take advantage of that opportunity and study acting. | 你要好好利用这个机会 在那里学习表演 |
[48:59] | And you’ll think of me always as a fond memory. And be nice. | 你会一直想起我 作为一种 很温馨的回忆 这样就很好 |
[49:03] | You know we have to stop seeing each other, don’t you? | 你知道我们得停止互相来往了 是吗? |
[49:06] | Oh, yeah, right, I understand. | 噢 是的 没错 我理解 |
[49:10] | I could tell by the sound of your voice over the phone. | 我可以从电话那头 你传过来的声音里听出来 |
[49:13] | Very authoritative, you know, like the pope… | 非常的发号施令 你知道 像是教皇 |
[49:16] | or the computer in 2001. | 或是《2001: 星际漫游》里的电脑 |
[49:18] | It’s not fair to you, and I don’t know what the hell I’m doing. | 这样下去对你很不公平 我不知道我究竟在干什么 |
[49:21] | -Right. -Come on, don’t be angry. | -是啊 是啊 -别这样 别那么生气 |
[49:23] | You brought this up to begin with. You’re not happy with things. | 一开始是你先卷进来的 然后你又对现况不满意 |
[49:27] | I’m not angry. It’s just that I knew it was gonna end this way. | 我没有生气 我就知道 这事会像这样结束 |
[49:30] | Now that it’s happened, I’m upset, okay? | 可是现在它结束了 我还是有点难过 行吗? |
[49:33] | Look, you don’t wanna make a commitment… | 你看 你不想做出什么承诺 |
[49:36] | and I don’t wanna break up my marriage then find out we’re no good together. | 我也不希望毁掉我的婚姻 然后发现我们俩其实并不合适 |
[49:40] | I’ve gotta start thinking about Emily. | 我得开始考虑考虑埃米莉了 |
[49:42] | Okay, you made your point. It’s very clear. | 很好 你的意思我明白了 非常清楚 |
[49:45] | I’m just glad one of us had the nerve to end it. | 我很高兴我们当中有人 有了勇气来了结这一切 |
[49:49] | -Will you be all right? -Yeah. | -你不会有事吧? -不会 |
[49:51] | Of course, I’m gonna be all right. Do you think I’m gonna hang myself? | 我当然不会有事 你以为我会怎么做? 去上吊? |
[49:55] | I’m a beautiful woman, young, highly intelligent. | 我是个漂亮的女人 我年轻 有高智商 |
[49:59] | I got everything going for me. The point is that I don’t know. | 所有其他事情都顺顺当当 我想说的是… 我不知道 |
[50:04] | I’m all fucked-up. I’m just… Shit. | 我现在实在是一团糟! 我只是… 见鬼! |
[50:07] | The point is: What the hell am I doing in this relationship anyway? | 我想要说的是: 我究竟有什么理由要搅和在里面? |
[50:09] | My phone never stops ringing. | 我的电话总是响个不停 |
[50:11] | I can go to bed with the entire faculty of M.I.T. if I wanted to. | 只要我愿意 我可以和 “麻省理工”的所有教职员上床 |
[50:15] | It’s just… I don’t know. | 这简直是… 我不知道 |
[50:17] | I’m wasting myself on a married man. | 我把自己浪费在一个已婚的男人身上 |
[50:21] | Listen, I think I’d better go now. | 听着 我想我最好现在就走 |
[50:24] | I just want you to have this. | 这个给你吧 |
[50:26] | I got these tickets to see Rampal tonight. Here, take them. | 我买的两张今晚去看朗帕尔的门票 给你 拿去吧 |
[50:29] | This is very hard on me too. | 听着 这对我也非常艰难 |
[50:31] | Take them and go with your wife. | 别 拜托! 拿上票和你太太去看吧 |
[50:33] | Come on, you love Rampal. | 玛丽 别这样 你喜欢朗帕尔 |
[50:35] | Call somebody up. Take Isaac. | 找个人陪你去吧 就找艾萨克吧 |
[50:38] | Fuck off, Yale. | 去你的蛋 耶尔! |
[50:41] | I know you’re gonna think the water’s a little brown, | 呃… 我知道你可能会觉得这水 怎么有点棕色 |
[50:44] | but you can drink it. | 但是你可以喝 |
[50:45] | You know, it’s… Don’t get thrown by this. | 你知道 这是… 别被它吓到了 |
[50:48] | -I’m really sorry for bothering you. -No problem, really. | -我真的很抱歉来打搅你 -没问题 真的 |
[50:51] | I didn’t know… God, is this brown, isn’t it? | 我不知道… 天哪 这水是棕色的 是吗? |
[50:53] | It is on the brown side, no question, | 是有点偏棕色 毫无疑问 |
[50:55] | but you get used to it after a while. | 可是 你知道 一会儿你就会习惯了 |
[50:57] | I didn’t know who to call, that’s all. | 我不知道该给谁打电话 所以我来找你 |
[50:59] | Don’t take Valium. They cause cancer. | 我想你最好别吃安定 因为我认为它会致癌 |
[51:01] | -No, half a Valium? -Yeah, abdominal cancer. | -不可能 就半片安定? -是的 我想是腹腔癌 |
[51:05] | -When did they find that out? -That’s just my theory. | -这是什么时候发现的? -这… 这只是我的理论 |
[51:09] | But I think it’s correct. I got tissues someplace. | 但是我认为它是对的 我身上就已经长了东西 |
[51:12] | -I guess I deserve everything I get. -Oh, come on. | -我想我要是长了 也是罪有应得 -噢 别这么说! |
[51:15] | It’s true, it’s really true. I knew it couldn’t possibly work out. | 是真的 的确是这样的 我早就知道我和耶尔不可能有结果 |
[51:19] | Yeah, you pick a | 是啊 你… 你找了个 |
[51:21] | married guy and then… | 结了婚的家伙 然后… |
[51:22] | when it doesn’t work out, it confirms your worst feelings. | 当事情没有结果之后 就证实了你那糟糕透顶的感觉 |
[51:25] | What worst feelings? | 什么糟糕透顶的感觉? |
[51:27] | You know, your feelings about men and marriage and | 你知道 就是那些你对男人 对婚姻的感觉 |
[51:30] | that nothing works. | 没有一样是对的 诸如此类的破烂玩意儿 |
[51:33] | Please, don’t psychoanalyze me. | 噢 拜托 别为我做心理分析! |
[51:35] | I pay a doctor for that. | 我有心理医生为我做 我付钱的 |
[51:37] | You call that guy that you talk to a doctor? | 嘿 你称那个打电话给你的 家伙为心理医生? |
[51:41] | You don’t get suspicious | 你心理医生凌晨三点打电话给你 |
[51:43] | when your analyst calls you at 3:00 a.m., weeping? | 在电话里哭哭啼啼的 你就没有怀疑过吗? |
[51:46] | All right, so he’s unorthodox. He’s a highly qualified doctor. | 好吧 他是有点旁门左道 可他是个完全合格的心理医生 |
[51:49] | He’s done a great job on you. | 他对你的疗效非常了不起 |
[51:51] | Your self-esteem’s a notch below Kafka’s. | 你的自尊心好像比卡夫卡还要低一截了 |
[51:54] | -Here, you can blow your nose. -What is that noise? | -给你 拿着擤鼻子用 -那是什么声音? |
[51:56] | -Yeah, it’s incredible, isn’t it? -Yeah. | -是啊 不可思议 是吗? -是的 |
[51:58] | There’s a guy upstairs. I don’t know what the hell it is. Every day. | 楼上有个家伙 我不知道 他妈的怎么回事 每天都这样 |
[52:01] | It’s like he’s up there strangling a parrot or something. I can’t stand it. | 像是他在上面要勒死一只鹦鹉 还是怎么着 真受不了! |
[52:05] | How can you stand it? It’s terrible. It’s awful. | 怎么可能受得了? 这太可怕了 简直糟透了! |
[52:07] | I know. I used to have a great apartment, but I can’t afford it. | 我知道 我以前有处很棒的寓所 可是我付不起钱了 |
[52:09] | You wanna go for a walk? It’s quieter in the street. | 你想出去走走吗? 大街上都要比这里安静 |
[52:12] | -I think I’ll just go home. -Come on. | -不 我想我还是回家算了 -别这样! |
[52:18] | He led me on. That’s the point. | 是他把我带到这一步的 这才是关键 |
[52:20] | Why am I reluctant to criticize him? | 为什么我就不可以责怪他? |
[52:22] | Hey, relax. Yale would not lead you on. | 嘿 放松点 耶尔不会 |
[52:23] | He’s not that kind of a guy. | 把你带到这一步 他不是这样的人 |
[52:25] | Don’t defend him. You guys all stick up for each other. | 别护着他! 你们这些家伙就会互相包庇 |
[52:28] | Yale has his problems as we all do. | 耶尔本身是有问题 就像我们所有人一样 你知道 |
[52:31] | I’m starting to sound like Rabbi Blitzstein here. | 我的腔调听上去有点像 布列茨坦拉比了 |
[52:34] | Listen, thanks for letting me come over. | 好了 你看 谢谢你让我过来 |
[52:36] | I appreciate it. It was nice of you. | 我真的很感谢 谢谢你的好意 |
[52:38] | Tracy and I are going out tonight | 你知道 特蕾西和我今晚要出去 |
[52:40] | if you wanna come along. | 你愿意的话 没事也可以过来 |
[52:42] | No, I’ll be fine. I’ll be okay. | 不 不 我没关系的 我没事的 |
[52:44] | -Yeah? -Yeah. | -是吗? -是的 |
[52:46] | That’s a nice, healthy piece of towel paper you got. | 你手上拿的纸巾不错啊 很卫生的 |
[52:49] | Oh, Jesus, God. Well, good-bye and thanks a lot. | 噢 天哪 我忘了 唔 再见 谢谢你! |
[52:59] | Look at that guy’s toupee. That’s unbelievable. | 看那家伙戴的假发 简直太搞了! |
[53:03] | -Really weird. -That is hilarious. | -真的好怪 -笑死人了! |
[53:05] | There’s an inch of cheesecloth. You can see it. | 那边还露出了一英寸粗棉布 你可以看得见 |
[53:08] | I don’t know why his loved ones don’t tell him. | 我不知道他身边的人 为什么不提醒他 |
[53:12] | It looks like the toupee dropped on his head from a window ledge… | 看上去像是那假发从窗台上落下 在他路过时正好… |
[53:15] | when he was walking, and no one… | 扣到他头上 没人… |
[53:17] | But look at his wife. Her face looks like it was lifted 8,000 times. | 你看他太太 她的脸像是 做过八千次拉皮整容 |
[53:21] | I know. It’s so plastic, and it’s so tight. | 是啊 整得不成样了 那么硬梆梆的 |
[53:24] | -I hate that, I just hate that. -Her flesh is… | -我讨厌整容 特别讨厌 -她的肉… |
[53:28] | Why can’t they just age naturally instead of putting all that junk on? | 她们为什么不接受自然变老 非要弄些废料往里填? |
[53:31] | I know, it looks… Old faces are nice. | 是的 这看起来… 老人的脸也很美 |
[53:34] | Yeah. Great. | 是的 没错 |
[53:39] | Be careful. I think I got black bean sauce in the bed. | 嘿 小心点! 别把黑酱油弄到床上了 |
[53:43] | We’re gonna sleep in that tonight. | 那样今晚我们得睡在酱油上了 |
[53:45] | The late show’s a W.C. Fields film. | 噢 你看 太好了! 深夜场要放菲尔茨的电影 |
[53:50] | Great. We gotta watch that. | 太棒了 我们一定要看 |
[53:53] | Oh, God. | 噢 天哪 |
[53:57] | Boy, I really feel good. I’ve got my life together finally. | 哇哦 这感觉真好 我的生活总算又重回正轨 |
[54:01] | Yeah? | 是吗? |
[54:02] | You know, I just had to cut this thing off finally. | 你知道 我最后不得不快刀斩乱麻 |
[54:05] | I’m not the type for affairs. I finally figured it out. | 我不是那种适合搞婚外恋的人 我最后终于想明白了 |
[54:08] | Do you ever hear from Mary or see her? | 你后来有没有再听到过玛丽 或再见过她? |
[54:10] | No, we just cut it off. I think it’s easier that way. | 没有 我们完全了断了 我想那样更容易一些 |
[54:13] | She’s a terrific person. She deserves more than a fling with a married guy. | 她是个很不错的人 不值得 和一个已婚男人纵情一时 |
[54:17] | She’s a little screwed up, but great. | 她是不错 她有点神神叨叨的 不过是还不错 |
[54:19] | That’s right up your alley. You ought to call her. | 你最好这一口了 你应该打电话给她 |
[54:21] | I-I should call her? | 我… 我应该打电话给她? |
[54:23] | -Yeah. -Why should I call her? | -是的 -我为什么要打电话给她? |
[54:25] | Because she likes you. She told me she did. | 因为她喜欢你 她告诉过我她喜欢你 |
[54:28] | -You’re crazy. -No, I’m not. | -你疯了吧 -不 我没有 |
[54:30] | She said she finds you attractive. | 她说她觉得你很有吸引力 |
[54:32] | -She said she finds me attractive? -Yeah. | -她说她觉得我很有吸引力? -是的 |
[54:35] | When was this? | 什么时候说的? |
[54:37] | She said it when she first met you. | 第一次见过你以后 她这样说的 |
[54:39] | -I didn’t know. -Sorry about that. | -我怎么不知道? -抱歉没告诉你 |
[54:42] | I always think of you two guys as together. | 我一直以为你们两个是一起的 |
[54:44] | -I don’t think that I could… -It’s over. | -我想我不应该… -我们结束了 都结束了 |
[54:46] | Unless you’re serious about Tracy. | 除非你和特蕾西的关系是认真的 |
[54:47] | Are you serious about Tracy? | 你和特蕾西的关系是认真的吗? |
[54:48] | -Tracy’s too young. -Then call her up. | -特蕾西太年轻了 -那么就打电话给她 |
[54:52] | Listen, she’s an unhappy person. | 听着 她不是个幸福的人 |
[54:54] | I mean, she needs something in her life. | 我是说 她的生活里需要些东西 |
[54:57] | I think you guys would be good together. | 我认为你们俩可以处得很好 |
[54:59] | I think I could be a good influence on her. | 我想我可以对她产生好的影响 |
[55:01] | I think that under my personal vibrations… | 我想在我亲自感应之下 |
[55:03] | I could put her life in some kind of good order. | 她的生活会变得 怎么说呢 井然有序 |
[55:06] | That’s what you said about Jill, | 是啊 那时你也是这样说吉尔的 |
[55:08] | and under your personal vibrations… | 你知道 在你亲自感应之下 |
[55:09] | she went from bisexuality to homosexuality. | 她从双性恋变成了同性恋 |
[55:12] | Yeah, but I gave it the old college try there for a while. | 是的 可是死马当成活马医 我还是努力过一阵子的 |
[55:15] | -Listen, you should call her up. -You’re kidding. | -听着 你真的应该给她打电话 -别开玩笑 |
[55:18] | What’d she say about me? | 她是怎么说我的? |
[55:19] | She said that she likes you very much. | 她说她很喜欢你 |
[55:22] | She thinks you’re smart. | 她认为你很聪明 |
[55:24] | -She thinks you’re attractive. -Keep going. Don’t stop. | -她认为你… 很有吸引力 -接着说 别停下来 |
[55:26] | -Really? No kidding. -Yeah. | -真的吗? 你别逗我! -真的 |
[55:28] | 稻垣浩的《忠臣藏》 多弗岑科的《大地》 稻垣浩的《忠臣藏》 多弗岑科的《大地》 | |
[55:50] | To me, a great movie is with W.C. Fields. | 在我看来 W.C.·菲尔茨 拍过一部伟大的电影 |
[55:52] | That’s what I like. Grand Illusion, that’s… | 我非常欣赏《大幻影》 它… |
[55:54] | I see that every time it’s on television, if I’m aware of it. | 电视上每次重播我都会看 只要让我知道 |
[55:58] | What do you got to eat here? Nothing, right? | 你这里有什么吃的没? 什么都没有 对吗? |
[56:00] | Oh, Jesus, what is this? You got a corned beef sandwich here… | 噢 天哪 这是什么? 你这里有个咸牛肉三明治 |
[56:03] | from 1951 , I think. | 是1951年做的 我猜是 |
[56:05] | -Look at this. -I know. I know. | -你看看这个 -我知道 我知道 |
[56:09] | I don’t have time to cook. | 听着 我没时间弄吃的 |
[56:10] | Corned beef should not be blue. | 咸牛肉三明治不应该是蓝颜色的 |
[56:12] | Ooh, it’s really terrible. | 噢 真太可怕了 |
[56:14] | -Hey. -What? | -嘿! -什么? |
[56:16] | Come here. | 过来 |
[56:24] | -What are you doing? -What am I doing? | -你这是干嘛? -我这是干嘛? |
[56:26] | You have to ask what I’m doing? I was kissing you flush on the mouth. | 这你还用问吗 我在干嘛? 我在亲吻你的红唇 |
[56:30] | I cannot get my life in any kind of order. | 我… 天呐 我无法理顺我现在的生活 |
[56:32] | It’s something I wanted to do for the longest time, and… | 这是我许久以来一直想做的事… |
[56:35] | -Yeah, I know. -Do you? | -是啊 我知道 -你知道? |
[56:37] | I thought I was hiding it. I was trying to be cool and casual. | 因为我想我一直藏掖着 试着若无其事地装酷 |
[56:41] | I thought you wanted to kiss me that day at the planetarium. | 我认为那天在天文馆里 你想吻我来着 |
[56:43] | Yeah, I thought so. | 是的 我是这么认为的 |
[56:45] | But you were going out with Yale then, and I’d never in a million years… | 可是那时你还和耶尔好着 所以打死我也不会… |
[56:49] | interfere in anything like that. | 在你们之间插一杠子 |
[56:52] | -Did you want me to kiss you then? -I don’t know what I wanted. | -那时你希望我吻你吗? -我也不知道我希望什么 |
[56:55] | I was so angry at Yale that day. | 那天我太生耶尔的气了 |
[56:58] | But you were so sexy. You were soaking wet from the rain… | 可是那天你好性感 你知道 雨水把你浇个通透 |
[57:01] | and I had a mad impulse to throw you down on the lunar surface… | 我当时就有种疯狂的冲动 想把你按倒在月球表面 |
[57:05] | and commit interstellar perversion with you. | 和你玩一遭星际大怪趣 |
[57:08] | I can’t go from relationship to relationship. | 我不能刚结束一段关系 马上又来一段 |
[57:11] | It’s senseless. I can’t do it. | 这毫无意义 我不能这样 |
[57:13] | Well, are you still hung up on Yale? Is that the problem? | 那么 你仍然放不下耶尔? 是因为这个问题吗? |
[57:17] | I’ve got too many problems. I’m just really… | 我有太多的问题 我只是真的… |
[57:19] | I’m not the person to get involved with. I’m trouble. | 我不适合与人交往 我是个麻烦 |
[57:22] | Honey, trouble is my middle name. | 嘿 亲爱的 我的中间名就叫”麻烦” |
[57:25] | -It is. -What are you saying? | -是的 -你说什么啊? |
[57:27] | Actually, my middle name is Mortimer, but I… | 实际上 我的中间名叫莫蒂默 可是我… |
[57:30] | I’m kidding. | 我说的玩的 |
[57:34] | My problem is I’m both attracted and repelled by the male organ. | 我的问题是男人的那玩意儿 既吸引我又让我感到厌恶 |
[57:39] | So it doesn’t make for very good relationships with men. | 所以 你知道 我总是把握不好 和男人之间的关系 |
[57:43] | What about your relationships with women? | 你怎么样? 你和女人之间的关系怎么样? |
[57:45] | You never really told me much about your first wife. | 你从来没告诉过我 你第一个妻子的事 |
[57:49] | My first wife was a kindergarten teacher. | 我第一个妻子是幼儿园老师 |
[57:51] | She got into drugs. She moved to San Francisco… | 她赖上了药物 就搬到旧金山去了 |
[57:55] | and went into EST, became a Moony. | 参加了”埃哈德研讨训练班” 变得整天恍恍惚惚的 |
[57:58] | She’s with the William Morris Agency now. | 她现在在”威廉·莫里斯经纪公司” |
[58:00] | Do you like that? | 你喜欢这件吗? |
[58:02] | This, I think, has a wonderful otherness to it, you know. | 这一件 我认为有种 奇异的个性 你知道 |
[58:06] | It’s kind of got a marvelous negative capability… | 它有某种奇妙的”消极感受力”在里面 |
[58:09] | a kind of wonderful energy to it, don’t you think? | 赋予了某种奇妙的能量 你看呢? |
[58:20] | I thought that wine was wonderful. Didn’t you think? | 我认为那酒非常棒 你说呢? |
[58:23] | It just made my face all flushed and hot. | 都让我上脸了 又红又热 |
[58:28] | You look so beautiful, I can hardly keep my eyes on the meter. | 你看上去太美了 我都没法专心看仪表盘了 |
[58:32] | -It’s 14 bucks to go there. -I know, but it was a great restaurant. | -去那儿花了14块 -我知道 不过那餐馆真是不错 |
[58:36] | -Didn’t you love it? -Yeah, I love seafood. | -你不喜欢吗? -喜欢 我爱吃海鲜 |
[58:38] | Of course, I’m drunk. I don’t know if you can tell or not. | 当然 我喝醉了 我不知道你能不能看出来 |
[58:41] | That was the only time in my life I ever had Chianti from Warsaw. | 你知道吗? 这是我第一次喝到 来自华沙的基安蒂红酒 |
[58:46] | -Give me a kiss. -Okay. | -吻我一下 -好的 |
[58:57] | What are you thinking? | 你在想什么? |
[58:59] | I was just thinking there must be something wrong with me… | 我在想我一定是哪里出了问题 |
[59:02] | because I’ve never had a relationship with a woman… | 为什么我和女人的关系所维持的时间… |
[59:05] | that’s lasted longer than the one between Hitler and Eva Braun. | 从来没超过过希特勒和 伊娃·布劳恩的关系 |
[59:09] | I think you’re still drunk. | 我想你还醉得厉害 |
[59:13] | 道尔顿中学[曼哈顿的一所男女同校的私立大学预科学校] | |
[59:50] | It’s great. It’s… | 这很棒 这… |
[59:52] | I don’t play the harmonica, but it’s an incredible… | 我不会吹口琴 可这口琴真让人… |
[59:56] | harmonica is what it is. | 爱不释手 |
[59:58] | You said you wanted to learn. I’m trying to open up that side of you. | 你说你想学的 我想发掘一下你那方面的才能 |
[1:00:04] | You’re throwing away an enormous amount | 特蕾西 你这是将你极其大量的 |
[1:00:07] | of real affection on the wrong person. | 真情实感浪费在一个错误的人身上 |
[1:00:09] | That’s not wrong for me. | 我觉得我没弄错 |
[1:00:15] | Listen, I don’t… | 听着 我认为… |
[1:00:18] | I don’t think we should keep seeing each other. | 我认为我们不应该再继续来往了 |
[1:00:20] | Why not? | 为什么不? |
[1:00:22] | Because I think you’re getting too hung up on me. | 因为我认为你越来越粘上我了 你知道 |
[1:00:26] | “Hung up on me.” I’m starting to sound like you when I talk. | “粘上我了” 我说话的口气 也开始有点像你了 |
[1:00:29] | I’m not hung up on you. I’m in love with you. | 我没有粘上你 我是爱上你了 |
[1:00:32] | You can’t be in love with me. We’ve been over this. | 你不可以爱上我 我们已经讨论过这个 |
[1:00:34] | You’re a kid. You don’t know what love means. | 你还是个孩子 你不知道爱的含义 |
[1:00:37] | I don’t know what it means. Nobody knows what the hell’s going on. | 我也不知道爱的含义 没人知道爱是怎么回事 |
[1:00:41] | We have laughs together. I care about you. | 我们在一起很开心 我很关心你 |
[1:00:43] | Your concerns are my concerns. We have great sex. | 你关心的也是我关心的 我们在床上很和谐 |
[1:00:46] | But you’re 17 years old. | 可是你才十七岁啊 |
[1:00:48] | By the time you’re 21 , you’ll have a dozen relationships… | 等你到了二十一岁 你会交上十几个男朋友 |
[1:00:52] | believe me, far more passionate than this one. | 相信我 会比现在这个有激情得多 |
[1:00:56] | Well, don’t you love me? | 那么你爱不爱我呢? |
[1:01:01] | The truth is that I love somebody else. | 事实上是我爱上了另一个人 |
[1:01:07] | You do? | 是吗? |
[1:01:10] | Hey, come on. Will you? We… You… | 嘿 别这样 好么? 我们… 你… |
[1:01:12] | This was supposed to be a temporary fling. You know that. | 我们之间本来就只是一种 暂时的倾慕 这你知道的 |
[1:01:17] | You met someone? | 你遇见别人了? |
[1:01:19] | Don’t stare at me with those big eyes. | 别用你的大眼睛盯着我 |
[1:01:22] | You look like one of those barefoot kids | 你看上去像是那些光着脚到这儿来找 |
[1:01:25] | from Bolivia who needs parents. | 领养家庭的玻利维亚孩子中的一个 |
[1:01:27] | Have you been seeing someone? | 你已经在和别人约会了? |
[1:01:29] | No. Yes. Someone older. | 没有 是的 年纪比你大 |
[1:01:32] | You know, not as old as I am… | 你知道 没… 没有我这么大 |
[1:01:35] | but in the same general ball park as me. | 但是和我算是同一个年龄层 |
[1:01:40] | Gee, now I don’t feel so good. | 天 现在我感觉真不太好 |
[1:01:42] | It’s not right. You shouldn’t get hung… | 这样不对 你知道 你不应该和我… |
[1:01:46] | You should open up your life. | 我是说 你应该过得更加开放 |
[1:01:48] | You should see… You’ve got to. | 你应该认识… 你知道 你必须那样 |
[1:01:51] | You keep stating it like it’s to my advantage… | 你总是说你想离开我 |
[1:01:53] | when it’s you that wants to get out of it. | 还说那样是为了我好 |
[1:01:55] | Hey, don’t be so precocious, okay? | 嘿 别显得这么早熟 行吗? |
[1:01:58] | Don’t be so smart. I’m 42 years old. My hair’s falling out. | 我是说别那么聪明 我四十二了 我的头发开始脱了 |
[1:02:01] | I’m starting to lose some hearing in my right ear. Is that what you want? | 我右耳的听力也开始下降了 这就是你想要的吗? |
[1:02:05] | I can’t believe that you met somebody that you like better than me. | 我不能相信你遇上个比我更喜欢的人 |
[1:02:12] | Why should I feel guilty about this? This is ridiculous. | 我为什么要为此内疚啊? 这太没道理了嘛 |
[1:02:14] | I’ve always encouraged you to go out with guys more your own age… | 我不是一直鼓励你出去结识 和你年龄相仿的男孩吗? |
[1:02:18] | kids from your class. | 你班上的同学 |
[1:02:20] | Billy and Biff and Scooter, you know. | 比利 毕夫 斯库特啊什么的 |
[1:02:24] | Little Tommy or Terry. | 或小汤米或特里 |
[1:02:26] | Come on. Don’t cry. | 嘿 别这样 别哭 |
[1:02:31] | Don’t cry. | 别哭啊 |
[1:02:34] | Come on. Don’t cry. | 别这样 别哭 |
[1:02:37] | Tracy, don’t… Come on. Don’t cry. | 特蕾西 别… 行了 别哭了 特蕾西 |
[1:02:42] | Just leave me alone. | 让我一个人呆一会儿 |
[1:02:48] | -Come on. Don’t… -Leave me alone. | -别这样 别… -别来烦我! |
[1:03:49] | -That was wonderful. -Yeah, I’ll say. | -这感觉真好 -是啊 我完全同意 |
[1:03:51] | -I love being in the country. -It’s very relaxing. | -我喜欢呆在乡间 -感觉很放松 |
[1:03:55] | Of course, the mosquitoes have sucked all the blood out of my left leg. | 当然 那些蚊子已经快把我 左腿的血吸光了 |
[1:03:59] | -Apart from that, I’m in good shape. -Doesn’t it make you feel better? | -除了这个 我状态良好 -没有让你感觉好很多吗? |
[1:04:01] | -I feel better about myself. -Yeah, you were dynamite. | -我感觉自己好了很多 -是啊 你非常出色 |
[1:04:03] | Except I did get the feeling for | 除了刚才有那么两秒钟 |
[1:04:05] | about two seconds you were faking a little. | 给我的感觉是你有一点点装出来的样子 |
[1:04:07] | Not a lot. You were just overacting | 没有特别厉害 你只是稍微夸张了点 |
[1:04:09] | when you dug your nails into my neck. | 是的 你用指甲掐入了我的脖子 |
[1:04:10] | I thought you were just giving it a little… | 我认为你只是有点… |
[1:04:12] | Well, I don’t know. I guess I’m a little nervous around you still. | 唔 我不知道 我想我和你在一起时 还是有点紧张吧 |
[1:04:15] | -Still? -Well, yeah. | -还紧张? -嗯 是的 |
[1:04:17] | -It’s so crazy. -I’d like everything to work out. | -这怎么可能! -因为我真的… 希望一切都顺利 |
[1:04:20] | It will. You should leave everything to me. | 它会… 一切都会顺利的 你可以把所有事都交给我 |
[1:04:23] | I’ll make everything happen. You don’t have to worry. | 全包在我身上了 你不用担心什么 |
[1:04:26] | Do you really promise? Because I do like you a lot. | 你保证了 真的保证了? 因为我真的很喜欢你 |
[1:04:28] | -I feel good around you. -I don’t blame you. | -有你在身边我感觉很好 -这我不怪你 |
[1:04:31] | Yeah, I mean… I don’t know. | 是啊 我是说… 我不知道 |
[1:04:33] | Yale was absolutely great, but he was married. | 耶尔是很棒 绝对很棒 可是他有太太 |
[1:04:36] | And Jeremiah… Look at Jeremiah, my ex-husband. | 而杰里迈亚 我的前夫杰里迈亚呢 |
[1:04:39] | He was just this oversexed brilliant kind of animal. | 他有点像只性欲过剩的动物 也很出色 |
[1:04:42] | What am I, Grandma Moses? What do you mean? | 嘿 那我成什么啦? 摩西奶奶? 你什么意思嘛? |
[1:04:44] | Not at all. No, you’re much different. | 不是这么回事 不 你和他们都不一样 |
[1:04:47] | -You’re much different. -Yeah? | -你和他们大不相同 -是吗? |
[1:04:49] | You’re someone I could, uh, | 你是那种我可以 呃… |
[1:04:50] | I could imagine having children with. | 我想象当中可以一起生儿育女的人 |
[1:04:52] | Really? Well, hit the lights. Go ahead. | 真的吗? 很好 把灯关了 快点! |
[1:04:55] | Turn them out again. We’ll trade fours. | 再把灯关咯 我们来”打破四小节” |
[1:05:58] | Well, we never see you anymore. | 我们再也见不到你了哈 |
[1:06:01] | I’ve been working on my book. I’m submerged, dedicated. | 因为我在忙着写书 我潜水了 非常专注 |
[1:06:03] | It’s that girl you’re seeing. It’s serious, isn’t it? | 是因为你交的那个女朋友吧 这次是认真的 是吗? |
[1:06:06] | Well, it’s serious. | 唔 这次是认真的 你知道 |
[1:06:07] | When are we gonna get to meet her? | 我们什么时候有机会得以见见她呢? |
[1:06:09] | I’m sure Yale would like to meet her. | 我相信耶尔很愿意认识她 |
[1:06:11] | We should go out sometime. I don’t understand. | 我们可以找个机会聚聚 我不明白 |
[1:06:14] | Why does he need a car? A sudden urge to get a car. | 他为什么需要辆车? 突然就有了要辆车的冲动 |
[1:06:17] | He just wants it. What can I tell you? | 他说他想要 我也不知道为什么 |
[1:06:19] | Is there nothing I can do to dissuade you from this? | 难道我真的没辙让你别买那车了? |
[1:06:23] | It’s so crazy. They should ban all cars from Manhattan. | 真太乱了 曼哈顿应该禁止人们开车 |
[1:06:26] | This is a real bargain. | 这车真的很划算 |
[1:06:28] | Emily wants to know why I never bring Mary around. | 听着 埃米莉想知道为什么 我总是不带玛丽来认识一下 |
[1:06:32] | Why don’t you bring her around? | 你为什么不带玛丽过来呢? |
[1:06:34] | Is it awkward for you or what? | 我不知道 你不会感到难堪吗? |
[1:06:35] | Stop it. Are you kidding? | 别扯了 你开玩笑? |
[1:06:37] | I spoke to her about it. It’s no problem for her either. | 我跟她谈过 她觉得没什么问题 |
[1:06:40] | -Then why aren’t we doing it? -Well, you know… | -那么我们为什么不见见呢? -可是 你知道… |
[1:06:42] | Hey, don’t get this thing. I hate cars. | 嘿 别买这车了 你知道 我讨厌汽车 |
[1:06:45] | -It screws up the environment. -This is a work of art. | -你知道 它会破坏环境 -这是件艺术品 |
[1:06:50] | -This is Emily. -Hello. Nice to meet you. | -这是埃米莉 -你好! 很高兴认识你 |
[1:06:54] | -This is Yale. -Hi, Yale. | -这是耶尔 -嗨 耶尔 |
[1:06:57] | So, shall we go? | 那么 我们走吧? |
[1:07:01] | -Yeah, let’s go. -Sure. | -好 我们走 -当然 |
[1:07:48] | Look at that. That building is almost completely torn down. | 你看那边 那座大楼已经拆得差不多了 |
[1:07:51] | Can’t they have those things declared landmarks? | 他们就不能把那些旧楼 作为标志性建筑保留下来吗? |
[1:07:54] | I once tried to block a demolition… | 是啊 我曾经去阻止过拆除 |
[1:07:56] | getting some people to lay down in front of a building. | 我们一些人躺在那建筑物前面 |
[1:07:58] | Some policeman stepped on my hand. The city’s really changing. | 我的手被个警察踩了 这座城市真的变了 |
[1:08:04] | I need something that I can wear around the house… | 我需要买件在家里穿的衣服 |
[1:08:07] | that doesn’t make me look too Mexican. | 这样不至于看上去像个墨西哥人 |
[1:08:11] | -Oh, my God, Jeremiah. -Hi. | -噢 我的天哪 杰里迈亚! -嗨! |
[1:08:16] | This is my friend, Isaac Davis. | 对了 这时我朋友 艾萨克·戴维斯 |
[1:08:18] | Hi. Glad to meet you. | 嗨 很高兴认识你! |
[1:08:20] | -God, this is so incredible. -It’s incredible. | -天哪 这太巧了! -真太巧了! |
[1:08:23] | I’m in town a few days. There’s a symposium on semantics. | 我来城里几天 有个什么语义学的讨论会 |
[1:08:26] | You’re just looking so great. I just, uh… | 你看上去真有神采 我… 呃… |
[1:08:29] | You’re so thin. You lost a lot of weight, didn’t you? | 是你 你变瘦了 你减了不少体重 是不是? |
[1:08:32] | -I have an exercise machine. -Well, you really look good. | -你知道 我搞了套健身器材 -唔 你看上去真不错 |
[1:08:36] | -Really good. -God. | -真的不错 -天哪 |
[1:08:38] | Well, I’m a bit late, but… It’s just so nice seeing you. | 唔 我有点来不及了 不过… 见到你真的很高兴 |
[1:08:43] | I read an article by you | 你知道 我读过你发表在《大西洋》上 |
[1:08:44] | in the Atlantic on Brecht. | 那篇关于布莱希特的文章 |
[1:08:45] | I know, Brecht. Well, you know, | 是的 我知道 布莱希特 可是 你知道 |
[1:08:48] | I was always a sucker for Germanic theater. | 我对德国戏剧一向情有独钟 |
[1:08:52] | -Just great. -Okay, well, God. | -真太好了 -好的 嗯 天哪 |
[1:08:54] | -Okay, so long. -Bye, Jeremiah. | -好吧 再见 -再见 杰里迈亚 |
[1:09:00] | God, what a surprise. I cannot get over it. | 天哪 太让人意外了 我还没缓过来 |
[1:09:02] | My ex-husband, and he really does look a lot thinner. | 我前夫 他看上去真的瘦了很多 |
[1:09:05] | -He looks great. -You certainly fooled me. | -他看起来真不错 -你无疑把我给骗了 我很吃惊 |
[1:09:08] | -What do you mean? -This is not what I expected. | -你什么意思? -我可没想到他是这个样子 |
[1:09:11] | -What did you expect? -I don’t know. | -你认为该是什么样? -我不知道 |
[1:09:13] | You had always led me to… | 你说… 你一直让我有这样的印象… |
[1:09:15] | that he was a great ladies’ man and opened you up sexually. | 你说女人对他趋之若鹜 是他开发了你的性能力 |
[1:09:19] | -So? -And then this little homunculus… | -怎么说? -你知道 就他这么个小号侏儒… |
[1:09:24] | -He’s quite devastating. -Really? | -他非常厉害的 -真的吗? |
[1:09:28] | You know, I… | 你知道 我… |
[1:09:30] | It’s amazing how subjective all that stuff is. | 真有意思 那玩意儿全凭个人的感觉 |
[1:09:36] | Boy, you’re really typing away in there. | 天呐 你打得好起劲啊 |
[1:09:38] | It’s a cinch. | 是啊 简直易如反掌 |
[1:09:39] | Are you still reviewing “The Tolstoy Letters”? | 你还在写”托尔斯泰信札”的评论吗? |
[1:09:41] | I finished that two days ago. I’m on that novelization. | 不 那个我两天前就写完了 我在把一部电影小说化 |
[1:09:45] | What do you waste your time with a novelization for? | 你为什么要把时间浪费在 把电影改成小说上面? |
[1:09:49] | Why? Because it’s easy, and it pays well. | 为什么? 因为这很容易 而且报酬颇丰 |
[1:09:51] | It’s like another contemporary American phenomenon… | 你知道 这似乎也成了当代美国的一景 |
[1:09:55] | that’s truly moronic… the novelizations of movies. | 把电影改成小说 真是愚蠢之极 |
[1:09:59] | You’re much too brilliant for that. | 我是说 对你来说真是大材小用了 |
[1:10:02] | You should be doing other stuff. | 你知道 你应该干些其它的事情 |
[1:10:05] | -Like what? -Like fiction. | -比如说什么? -你知道 比如说小说 |
[1:10:07] | I’ve seen your fiction. It’s terrific. | 我看过你的小说 写得很好 |
[1:10:09] | Hello? | 喂? |
[1:10:10] | Hi, it’s Yale. | 玛丽 嗨 是我 耶尔 |
[1:10:13] | I was hoping you’d pick up. | 我正希望是你来接电话 |
[1:10:15] | Listen, could we meet for coffee? | 听着 我们能见面喝杯咖啡吗? |
[1:10:17] | Well, why? What is it? | 唔 为什么? 有什么事? |
[1:10:20] | Well, you know, I miss you… | 唔 你知道 我想你… |
[1:10:22] | and I thought maybe we could talk. | 我想我们是否可以谈谈 |
[1:10:24] | No, I don’t think that would be possible, really. | 不 我认为这不可能 真的 |
[1:10:27] | I don’t think that would be possible at all. | 我认为这完全不可能 |
[1:10:29] | I’m sorry. I just, uh… | 对不起 我只是 呃… |
[1:10:31] | No, I’m sorry. I gotta go. | 不行 对不起 我得挂了 |
[1:10:38] | -Who was that? -What? | -谁的电话? -什么? |
[1:10:41] | Who was that on the phone just now? | 刚才谁在打电话? |
[1:10:43] | Dance lessons. | 呃… 是舞蹈课 |
[1:10:45] | Dance lessons that was? | 是舞蹈课的事? |
[1:10:48] | Yeah. Do we want free dance lessons? | 是的 问我们是否想上免费的舞蹈课 |
[1:10:52] | Right. They give you one free lesson, | 是啊 他们送你一节免费课引你上钩 |
[1:10:54] | then hook you for $50,000 worth. | 然后就要你五万块接着上 |
[1:11:04] | Viking loved my book. They loved the first four chapters… | “维京出版社”喜欢我的书 他们说喜欢前面四章 |
[1:11:07] | which is all I gave them, but they said it was amusing and… | 我就给他们这么多 他们说很引人入胜 你知道… |
[1:11:10] | Yale read them, and he thought they showed a great deal of promise. | 耶尔也读过了 他对书的出版前景非常看好 |
[1:11:13] | But Yale’s family, so of course | 是啊 我知道 可耶尔是一家人 |
[1:11:15] | he’s always enormously encouraging. | 所以他当然总是给我巨大支持 |
[1:11:17] | But Viking, they’re the ones who gotta shell out the money. | 而对于”维京”来说 他们到时候得付我钱的 |
[1:11:19] | Maybe it’ll inspire Yale to finish his O’Neill biography. | 也许这会刺激耶尔 完成他的奥尼尔的传记 |
[1:11:21] | He’s been talking about it long enough. | 我是说 他已经讲了太长时间了 |
[1:11:23] | I know, for ages. | 我知道 都好几年了 |
[1:11:24] | Mary read the stuff, and she was just laughing out loud. | 玛丽… 玛丽读过这些 她… 她笑到不行 |
[1:11:27] | I respect her judgement. | 我很看重她的评价 你知道 |
[1:11:29] | She’s doing a think piece on a rock star which is… | 尽管她自己正打算写一个摇滚明星 这真的… |
[1:11:31] | -Hello. -Hey, where were you? | -你们好! -嘿 你去哪儿啦? |
[1:11:34] | You were supposed to be home an hour ago. | 你一小时前就该到家了 |
[1:11:37] | -I bought the car. -Oh, no. You did? | -呃 我去买车了 -噢 不会吧 你真买了? |
[1:11:40] | I know, it’s a meaningless extravagance, but I had to have it. | 我知道 这是无谓的招摇 可是我必须得到这车 |
[1:11:43] | -It was too beautiful. -That thing that we saw? | -它太漂亮了 -就是我们见过的那辆? |
[1:11:45] | Did you hear about Ike? Viking loved the first four chapters of his book. | 你听说艾克的事了吗? “维京”喜欢他书的前四章 |
[1:11:49] | -Great. -They were real complimentary. | -好极了! -是啊 他们狂赞 |
[1:11:51] | Next week, I get the car, we’ll take it out and celebrate. | 下周 等我拿到车 我们出去好好庆祝一下 |
[1:11:54] | -Okay. -In our new car. | -好的 -坐我们的新车 |
[1:12:44] | 《结婚 离婚 和自我意识》 吉尔·戴维斯著 《结婚 离婚 和自我意识》 吉尔·戴维斯著 | |
[1:12:48] | Jesus. Listen to this. | 天呐 听听这个 |
[1:12:50] | “Making love to this deeper, more masterful female… | “与这样一位更深邃的 更精巧的女性做过爱之后 |
[1:12:55] | made me realize what an empty experience… | 使我意识到以前与我丈夫的性经历… |
[1:12:58] | what a bizarre charade sex with my husband was”. | 显得多么的空洞 多么的怪异 “ |
[1:13:02] | Please, that is so nauseating. | 拜托 这太恶心了! |
[1:13:04] | Is this true? Did you make love with Jill and another woman? | 这是真的吗? 你和吉尔 还有另一个女的一起玩三陪? |
[1:13:08] | She put that in there? Christ. | 她把那也写里面啦? 天哪! |
[1:13:10] | She wanted to, you know. I didn’t wanna be a bad sport. | 是她的主意 你知道 我不想扫她的兴而已 |
[1:13:13] | -Did you have a good time? -No, I didn’t have a good time. | -你玩得很过瘾吧? -没有 没啥过瘾的 |
[1:13:16] | Did you hear the one where he tried to run her lover over? | 你有没有听说过 他试图用车轧她的情人? |
[1:13:19] | -Whose side are you on? -That’s been going on for years. | -你到底站在谁一边啊? -听过 几年前我就知道 |
[1:13:22] | I didn’t try to run her over. It was raining. The car lurched. | 我没试图用车轧她 那天下雨 控制不住车 |
[1:13:25] | Now everybody in town is gonna know all this… these details. | 这下 城里每个人都会知道这些了… 这些细枝末节 |
[1:13:30] | Everybody… all my friends and… | 每个人… 我所有的朋友 还有… |
[1:13:32] | Listen to this. “He was given to fits of rage… | 听听这段: “他会突然之间 控制不住自己 变得暴怒 |
[1:13:35] | Jewish liberal paranoia, male chauvinism… | 表现出自由派犹太人的妄想 大男子主义 |
[1:13:38] | self-righteous misanthropy and nihilistic moods of despair. | 自以为是的愤世嫉俗 和虚无主义者的绝望情绪 |
[1:13:42] | He had complaints about life, but never any solutions. | 他总是抱怨生活 却拿不出任何解决的办法 |
[1:13:45] | He longed to be an artist, but balked at the necessary sacrifices. | 他渴望成为艺术家 却逡巡不前于所必须付出的代价 |
[1:13:49] | In his most private moments, he spoke of his fear of death… | 在他最最私下的时刻 他会谈起对死亡的恐惧 |
[1:13:52] | which he elevated to tragic heights when, | 他将它抬高到悲剧的高度 |
[1:13:54] | in fact, it was mere narcissism”. | 而实际上 这只是他自恋的的表现 |
[1:13:57] | -I came here to strangle you. -Nothing I wrote was untrue. | -我来这儿是想一手掐巴死你 -我写的没有一处不是真实的 |
[1:14:01] | What do you mean? That book makes me | 你什么意思? 那书把我塑造得跟 |
[1:14:02] | out to be like Lee Harvey Oswald! | 李·哈维·奥斯瓦尔德似的! |
[1:14:04] | -It’s an honest account of our marriage. -That I’m narcissistic? | -这是我们婚姻生活的忠实记录 -我是自恋狂? |
[1:14:06] | Don’t you think you’re a little self-obsessed? | 你不认为你有点自我迷恋吗? |
[1:14:08] | And misanthropic? And self-righteous? | 我愤世嫉俗? 我自以为是? |
[1:14:10] | -I wrote some nice things about you. -Like what? | -我也写了些你好的方面? -比如说什么? 什么? |
[1:14:13] | Like you cry when you see Gone With the Wind. | 比如说什么? 比如说你看《飘》时会泪流满面 |
[1:14:18] | What are you laughing about? You’re supposed to be the mature one. | 你笑什么笑? 你应该是 你们两个当中比较成熟的那个 |
[1:14:20] | -You let her write that garbage? -Wait a minute. | -你竟然允许她写出这样的垃圾! -嘿 等一下! |
[1:14:22] | This is between you two. | 这是你们俩之间的事 |
[1:14:24] | Do you honestly think I tried to run you over? | 你… 你真的认为我想用车轧你? |
[1:14:26] | You just happened to hit the gas as I walked in front of the car? | 难道不成是你踩油门时 我刚好路过你车前? |
[1:14:29] | Did I do it on purpose? | 我… 我会是故意的吗? |
[1:14:31] | Well, what would Freud say? | 唔 弗洛伊德怎么说来着? |
[1:14:33] | Freud would say I really wanted to run her over. | 弗洛伊德会说 我真的很想用车轧死她 |
[1:14:35] | -That’s why he was a genius. -Listen, I’m going upstairs. | -所以人们才称他为天才 -你们俩听着 我要上楼去了 |
[1:14:38] | I got work to do. Don’t forget Willie’s at ballet class. | 我还有活儿要干 别忘了威利在上芭蕾课 |
[1:14:42] | Look, I better warn you. | 听着 我最好先给你打个招呼 |
[1:14:44] | I’ve had some interest in this book for a movie sale. | 我有兴趣把这书卖给拍电影的 |
[1:14:51] | -Anybody home? -Uh-huh. | -有人在家吗? -啊哈 |
[1:14:53] | Yeah? I got an unbelievable story to tell you. | 你在? 我有件难以置信的事要告诉你 |
[1:14:56] | Absolutely incredible. You okay? | 绝对难以置信 你没事吧? |
[1:14:59] | Just let me get one glass of brown water… | 先让我喝一杯棕色的水… |
[1:15:02] | and I’ll be fine, ’cause I’m dying of thirst. | 缓一口气 因为我渴得要死 |
[1:15:04] | I wanna talk to you first. | 我想先跟你说我的事 |
[1:15:06] | I go over to Jill’s this morning, right… | 你知道 今天上午我去找吉尔 |
[1:15:08] | because I’m real annoyed over all that junk she printed in the book. | 因为我对她书中印的那些垃圾 着实感到火大 |
[1:15:12] | And I’m, you know… | 我已经 你知道… |
[1:15:14] | Before you get wound up, there’s something I wanna tell you. | 我想先打断一下 我有件事要告诉你 |
[1:15:17] | What’s the matter? You look pale. | 出什么事了? 你看上去… 看上去很苍白 |
[1:15:22] | Well, what’s the matter? | 怎么 出什么事了? |
[1:15:26] | What… Is there something wrong? What is it? | 嘿 怎么啦? 出了什么事了吗? 怎么回事? |
[1:15:35] | I think I’m still in love with Yale. | 我想我仍然爱着耶尔 |
[1:15:44] | What? | 什么? |
[1:15:47] | Are you kidd… | 你… 你开玩… |
[1:15:51] | -You are? -Yes. | -真是这样? -是的 |
[1:15:55] | Well, when did this happen? I mean, what… | 这是什么时候的事情? 我是说 怎么会… |
[1:15:59] | You are or you think you are? | 你是真的爱他 还是自以为爱他? |
[1:16:01] | I started seeing him again. | 我又开始和他见面了 |
[1:16:04] | When? Since when? | 什么时候? 从什么时候开始的? |
[1:16:07] | Just since today. We’re not really… | 今天刚开始 我们还没有… |
[1:16:10] | That’s why I wanted to be open about it. | 所以我想对你开诚布公 |
[1:16:13] | Jesus, I’m… | 天哪 我… |
[1:16:14] | I’m shocked. I’m-I’m shocked. | 我很震惊 我很… 我很震惊 |
[1:16:18] | I’m surprised. | 我很吃惊 |
[1:16:21] | I think I’ve always been in love with him. | 我想我还一直爱着他 |
[1:16:24] | How does he feel about this? | 他是怎么说的? |
[1:16:27] | Well… | 唔… |
[1:16:30] | he wants to move out of his place so that we can live together. | 他想从家里搬出去 好让我们俩住在一起 |
[1:16:33] | I’m stunned. I’m-I’m… | 我惊呆了 我… 我… |
[1:16:35] | I’m in a state of… Somebody should throw a blanket over me. | 我现在处于… 这一桶水浇得我透心凉 你知道… |
[1:16:40] | Well, you see, he called me several times… | 唔 是这样 他给我打过几次电话 |
[1:16:43] | in a very depressed and confused state, and he still loves me. | 他非常沮丧 茫然无措 他说他还爱我 |
[1:16:47] | This is shaping up like a Noel Coward play. | 这可以整成诺埃尔·科沃德戏里的情节了 你知道 |
[1:16:50] | Somebody should go out and make some martinis. | 有人应该出去弄点马提尼酒来 |
[1:16:52] | I don’t blame you for being furious with me. | 我不怪你对我这么愤怒 |
[1:16:54] | I’m too stunned to be furious. | 我惊呆了 感觉不到愤怒 |
[1:16:56] | Then I wish you would. I wish you’d get angry… | 那我希望你能感觉 我希望你愤怒起来 |
[1:16:59] | so that we could have it out, get it out in the open. | 这样我们就可以发泄出来 而不是闷在心里 |
[1:17:01] | I don’t get angry, okay? I have a tendency to internalize. | 我愤怒不起来 行了吧? 我是说 我习惯于内部消化 |
[1:17:04] | I can’t express anger. That’s one of the problems I have. | 我不会表达愤怒 这是我具有的问题之一 |
[1:17:07] | -I grow a tumor instead. -I told you that I was… | -相应地 我会长肿瘤 -我告诉过你我是个… |
[1:17:10] | trouble from the beginning, from when we first started dating. | 麻烦 从一开始 从我们 开始约会时我就告诉过你 |
[1:17:13] | What does your analyst say? Did you speak to him? | 你的心理医生怎么说? 我是说 你和他谈过了吗? |
[1:17:16] | Donny’s in a coma. He had a very bad acid experience. | 唐尼现在处于昏迷状态 他致幻药用多了 |
[1:17:19] | Oh, that’s great. | 噢 那… 那真是太好了! |
[1:17:23] | I think you’re making a big mistake here. | 我认为你这是在犯大错误 |
[1:17:25] | Why? | 为什么? |
[1:17:27] | Because you… Why? | 为什么? 因为你… 为什么? |
[1:17:28] | Because you’re preferring Yale to me. | 因为你更喜欢耶尔而不是我 |
[1:17:30] | I know that sounds egotistical, but… | 我知道那听上去有点自我为中心 可是… |
[1:17:34] | This guy’s been married for 12 years to Emily. | 那家伙和埃米莉结婚 已经有十二年了 |
[1:17:36] | What do you think’s gonna happen? He’ll be away from her for a month. | 你以为会发生什么? 他会离开她一个月 |
[1:17:39] | He’ll go crazy. And if he does commit to you… | 然后他就会疯掉 如果他真的想对你做出承诺 |
[1:17:42] | when you start to feel secure, you’ll drop him. | 你知道 一旦当你觉得有了安全感 你就会把他踹了 |
[1:17:45] | I give the whole thing | 我知道的 我想这一切最多不会超过 |
[1:17:46] | four weeks. That’s it. | 四个星期 就这么回事 |
[1:17:48] | I can’t plan that far in advance. | 我… 我不可能事先计划得这么远 |
[1:17:50] | You can’t plan four weeks in advance? | 你不可能事先计划 四个星期以后的事? |
[1:17:54] | -No. -What kind of foresight is that? | -是的 -这是何等的远见啊? |
[1:17:56] | Jesus. I knew you were crazy when we started going out. | 天哪 在我们刚开始约会时 我就知道你很任性 |
[1:18:00] | You always think you’re gonna be the one that makes ’em act different, but… | 你总是认为你可以改变 别人的行为 可是… |
[1:18:05] | I’m sorry. I really am. I’m really sorry. | 我很抱歉 真的很抱歉 我真的非常抱歉 |
[1:18:12] | -Where are you going? -I gotta get some air. | -你要… 你要去哪儿? -我要去透透气 |
[1:18:54] | -I wanna talk to you. -What are you doing here? | -我有事和你谈 -你在这里干嘛? |
[1:18:55] | I spoke to Mary. | 你什么意思 我在这里干嘛? 我和玛丽谈过了 |
[1:18:57] | Weren’t you gonna say anything? | 你不想说点什么吗? |
[1:18:58] | I was gonna say something, but not… | 我是想说点什么 不过不是… 我正在… |
[1:19:00] | Where can we go and talk? Where can we speak? | 我们可以去哪里谈? 哪里可以说话? |
[1:19:02] | -How’d you get past security? -I walked right past. | -你怎么通过门卫的? -直接走进来 |
[1:19:06] | What are you telling me? You’re gonna leave Emily… | 你想跟我说什么? 你… 你准备离开埃米莉 |
[1:19:09] | and run away with the winner… | 是这样吗? 和个”泽尔达·菲茨杰拉德 |
[1:19:12] | of the Zelda Fitzgerald Emotional Maturity Award? | 情绪成熟奖”的获得者一同私奔? |
[1:19:15] | Look, I love her. I’ve always loved her. | 听着 我爱她 我一直爱着她 |
[1:19:17] | -What kind of crazy friend are you? -I’m a good friend. | -你这算哪门子朋友啊? -我是个好朋友! |
[1:19:19] | I introduced the two of you. Remember? | 是我介绍你们俩认识的 还记得吗? |
[1:19:21] | What was the point? I don’t understand. | 你到底想说什么? 我不明白 |
[1:19:23] | I thought you liked her. | 我以为你喜欢她 |
[1:19:23] | I do! Now we both like her! | 我是喜欢她! 现在搞得我们两个都喜欢她了! |
[1:19:26] | Well, I liked her first! | 可是是我先喜欢她的! |
[1:19:27] | “I liked her first.” What are you, six years old? Jesus. | “我先喜欢她的” 你多大啦 六岁小孩? 天哪! |
[1:19:33] | I thought it was over. Would I have encouraged you… | 听着 我以为我们结束了 我是说 要是我当时还喜欢她 |
[1:19:35] | to take her out if I still liked her? | 我会鼓励你跟她约会吗? |
[1:19:37] | You liked her. Now you don’t like her. Then you did like her. | 所以你喜欢她 你不喜欢她 然后你又喜欢她 |
[1:19:40] | It’s still early. You can change your mind one more time before dinner. | 现在还早得很 晚饭前 你还可以再改一次主意 |
[1:19:43] | Don’t get sarcastic about this. You think I like this? | 别阴阳怪气的 你以为我喜欢这样? |
[1:19:46] | How long were you gonna see her without saying anything to me? | 你背着我和她见面 还打算瞒我多长时间? |
[1:19:49] | Don’t turn this into one of your big moral issues. | 别又把这变成你那些 道德大问题中的一个 |
[1:19:53] | All you had to do | 你本该告诉我 可是你… |
[1:19:55] | was call me and talk to me. | 你要做的只是给我打个电话 和我谈谈 |
[1:19:57] | I’m very understanding. I’d said ” No,” but you’d have felt honest. | 我非常理解 虽然我不会答应 但是你应该对我诚实 |
[1:20:01] | I wanted to tell you about it. I knew it was gonna upset you. | 我是想告诉你来着 可是我知道那会让你难过 |
[1:20:05] | We had a few innocent meetings. | 我们有过几次无伤大碍的会面 |
[1:20:07] | A few? She said one! | 有过几次? 她说只有一次! |
[1:20:09] | You guys should get your story straight. Don’t you rehearse? | 你们俩应该把故事编得圆一些 你们不排练吗? |
[1:20:12] | We met twice for coffee. | 我们见过两次 一起喝过咖啡 |
[1:20:14] | Hey, come off it. She doesn’t drink coffee. | 嘿 打住吧 她不喜欢喝咖啡 |
[1:20:17] | What’d you do, meet for Sanka? That’s not too romantic. | 你们见面就为了喝”山卡”? 那也太不浪漫了 |
[1:20:19] | It’s a little on the geriatric side. | 那是老人们干的事 |
[1:20:21] | I’m not a saint. | 我又不是圣人 行了吧! |
[1:20:23] | But you’re too easy on yourself. Don’t you see that? | 可是你太纵容自己了 你不觉得吗? |
[1:20:25] | That’s your whole problem. | 这就是你所有的症结所在 |
[1:20:28] | You rationalize everything. You’re not honest with yourself. | 你做什么都有理由 你对自己极其不诚实 |
[1:20:30] | You talk about you wanna write a book. In the end you’d rather buy the Porsche. | 你叨叨着你要写一本书 可到头来你却买了一辆”保时捷” |
[1:20:35] | You cheat a little bit on Emily and play around the truth a little with me… | 你对埃米莉玩点小欺骗 对我玩点小心计 |
[1:20:38] | and the next thing you know you’re in front of a Senate committee… | 接下来你就要去参议院的某个委员会那儿 |
[1:20:41] | and you’re naming names, informing on your friends! | 指名道姓 告发你的朋友了! |
[1:20:44] | You are so self-righteous. We’re just people! | 你太自以为是了 我是说 我们只是普通人! |
[1:20:47] | We’re just human beings! You think you’re God! | 我们只是普通的人! 而你以为自己是上帝! |
[1:20:50] | I gotta model myself after someone. | 我总得为自己找个榜样吧 |
[1:20:53] | You just can’t live the way you do. It’s all so perfect. | 你不能再这个样子下去了 你把自己当成个完美化身似的 |
[1:20:57] | What are future generations gonna say about us? | 我们的后代会怎么说我们? |
[1:21:00] | Someday, we’re gonna be like him. | 天哪 迟早 我们也会变得像他一样 |
[1:21:03] | He was probably one of the beautiful people. | 我是说 你知道 他在世时也许非常漂亮 |
[1:21:06] | He was probably dancing and playing tennis and everything. | 他也许也会跳舞 会玩网球等等的 |
[1:21:08] | And this is what happens to us. | 可是最终 我们都会变得跟他一样 |
[1:21:11] | It’s very important to have some kind of personal integrity. | 你知道 一个人得有点人格 这一点非常重要 |
[1:21:14] | I’ll be hanging in a classroom one day… | 你知道 也许有一天 我也会被挂在某间教室里 |
[1:21:17] | and I wanna make sure when I thin out that I’m well thought of. | 我希望在我变成骨架子的时候 人们想到的是我的好 |
[1:21:22] | Where are you going? | 艾克 艾萨克 你要去哪儿? |
[1:22:15] | “离婚父亲和儿子全明星队” “离婚父亲和儿子全明星队” | |
[1:22:19] | No, I knew Yale had affairs. | 不 我知道耶尔有了外遇 |
[1:22:23] | But then, nothing’s perfect. | 可是话说回来 没有什么是十全十美的 |
[1:22:25] | Marriage is a… requires some minor compromises, I guess. | 婚姻是… 需要一些小的妥协 我想是 |
[1:22:30] | You know, it’s funny, because I can’t… | 很有意思 因为我不能… 你知道 |
[1:22:32] | I’m just a non-compromiser. I can’t see that. | 我是个不能妥协的人 我是说 我不同意你的意见 |
[1:22:36] | I think it’s always a big mistake to look the other way… | 我一直认为对问题视而不见 是一个大错 |
[1:22:39] | ’cause you always wind up paying for it in the end anyhow. | 因为到头来 无论如何 你都是要为此付出代价的 |
[1:22:42] | But then, you saw what Jill wrote about me in that book. | 可是又怎样呢? 你知道吉尔在那书里是怎么写我的 |
[1:22:45] | I’m living in the past. | 我… 我活在过去 |
[1:22:47] | How about you? You seeing anybody? | 你怎么样? 有没有认识别的人? |
[1:22:50] | You know, I never had any problem meeting women. | 你知道 交女友这事 对我来说从来不成问题 |
[1:22:54] | But I was thinking about this just about a week ago. | 不过一星期之前 我产生了这样的想法: |
[1:22:58] | I think, and I know this sounds strange… | 我在想… 我知道这听上去有点奇怪 |
[1:23:00] | but I think I really missed | 可我在想当时我让特蕾西离开时 |
[1:23:02] | a good bet when I let Tracy go. | 我其实是失去了一个很好的人 |
[1:23:05] | -Do you remember Tracy? -Yeah, I always liked her. | -你还记得特蕾西吗? -记得 我一直很喜欢她 |
[1:23:07] | Yeah, I was just thinking about this at home last week… | 是啊 上星期我在家里 就一直在想这事 |
[1:23:11] | and I think of all the women I’ve known over the last years… | 我想起过去这几年里 我认识的所有女性 |
[1:23:14] | when I actually am honest with myself… | 在我坦诚面对我自己的时候 |
[1:23:17] | I think I had the most relaxed times… | 我想我最轻松的时光 |
[1:23:19] | and the most, you know… the nicest times with her. | 我最美好的时光 你知道 是和她一起度过的 |
[1:23:22] | She was really a terrific kid, but young, right? | 她真是个不错的女孩 只是太年轻 对吗? |
[1:23:25] | -So, that’s that. -Why don’t you call her? | -所以 就这样了 -你为什么不给她打电话? |
[1:23:28] | I would never do that. | 我不可能给她打电话 |
[1:23:31] | I think I blew that one. | 我想是我搞砸的 |
[1:23:33] | I really kept her at a distance and would never give her a chance. | 我把她拒之于千里之外 没有给她一点机会 |
[1:23:37] | She was so sweet. She called me… | 她真的很可爱 你知道 她打电话给我… |
[1:23:41] | She left a message with my service about a month ago… | 约一个月前 她给我的 留言电话留了条口信 |
[1:23:44] | that I should watch Grand Illusion on television. | 提醒我收看电视上放的《大幻影》 |
[1:23:46] | And I never returned her call or anything… | 可是我从不给她回电话什么的 你知道 |
[1:23:50] | ’cause I didn’t wanna lead her on or anything. | 因为我不想 你知道 利用她的这份感情 |
[1:23:53] | She really cared about me, and I… | 你知道 她真的很在乎我 而我… |
[1:23:56] | I was a little pissed off at you. | 你知道吗? 我真的对你有点恼火 |
[1:23:59] | Me? | 对我? |
[1:24:00] | I figured if you hadn’t introduced Mary to Yale… | 我在想要是你没有介绍 玛丽和耶尔认识 |
[1:24:03] | this might never have happened. | 也许就不会发生这样的事了 |
[1:24:09] | An idea for a short story… | 短篇小说的一个构思 |
[1:24:11] | about, um, people in Manhattan… | 关于 呃… 生活在曼哈顿的人们 |
[1:24:14] | who are constantly creating… | 他们庸人自扰 时时制造出… |
[1:24:17] | these real unnecessary neurotic problems for themselves… | 那些毫无必要的 神经兮兮的问题 |
[1:24:21] | ’cause it keeps them from dealing with… | 因为这样 他们就不用去面对… |
[1:24:24] | more unsolvable… | 这世上… |
[1:24:26] | terrifying problems about the universe. | 更加棘手的生死攸关的大问题了 |
[1:24:33] | Well, it has to be optimistic. | 唔 还是乐观一点吧 |
[1:24:35] | All right, why is life worth living? | 好吧 为什么活着是值得的? |
[1:24:38] | That’s a very good question. | 这是个很好的问题 |
[1:24:41] | Well, there are certain things I guess that make it worthwhile. | 唔 我想存在着一些东西 使我们值得活下去 |
[1:24:47] | Like what? | 比如说什么? |
[1:24:51] | For me… | 对我来说 |
[1:24:55] | I would say, what, Groucho Marx, to name one thing… | 我会说格劳乔·马克斯 比如说 |
[1:25:02] | and Willie Mays… | 威利·梅斯 |
[1:25:05] | and the second movement of the Jupiter Symphony… | 《朱庇特交响曲》的第二乐章 |
[1:25:11] | and, uh, Louie Armstrong… | 还有 呃… 路易·阿姆斯特朗的… |
[1:25:14] | recording of “Potatohead Blues”… | 《笨伯布鲁斯》的唱片 |
[1:25:19] | Swedish movies, naturally… | 当然 还有瑞典电影 |
[1:25:21] | Sentimental Education by Flaubert… | 福楼拜的《情感教育》 |
[1:25:25] | Marlon Brando, Frank Sinatra… | 马龙·白兰度 弗兰克·辛纳特拉 |
[1:25:29] | those incredible… | 塞尚画的那些… |
[1:25:31] | apples and pears by Cezanne… | 不可思议的苹果和梨子 |
[1:25:36] | the crabs at Sam Wo’s… | “三和餐厅”的螃蟹 |
[1:25:40] | Tracy’s face. | 特蕾西的脸 |
[1:29:32] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么在这里? |
[1:29:34] | Well, I ran. | 唔 我跑来的 |
[1:29:37] | I tried to call you on the phone, but it was busy. | 我试着给你打电话 可是总是忙音 |
[1:29:41] | I knew that was two hours worth of… | 我知道要两个小时才能… |
[1:29:44] | Then I couldn’t get a taxi cab, so I ran. | 可是我又没能叫到出租车 所以我只好跑了来 |
[1:29:50] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪里? |
[1:29:52] | -London. -You’re going to London now? | -伦敦 -你现在就要去伦敦了吗? |
[1:29:57] | What do you… What do you mean? | 你… 你什么意思? |
[1:29:59] | If I got over here two minutes later, you’d be going to London? | 要是我再晚到两分钟 你就已经去伦敦啦? |
[1:30:09] | Well, let me get right to the point then. | 好吧 我还是直说了吧 |
[1:30:13] | I don’t think you ought to go. I think I made a big mistake. | 我认为你不应该去 我想我犯了一个大错 |
[1:30:16] | I would prefer it if you didn’t go. | 我还是希望你别去了 |
[1:30:20] | I mean it. I know it looks real bad now, but… | 我是说真的 我知道现在很不是时候 可是… |
[1:30:26] | Are you seeing anybody? Are you going with anybody? | 你和别的人认识啦? 你和其他人好上啦? |
[1:30:32] | Well, do you still love me or has that worn off or what? | 那么 你还爱我吗? 还是旧情已逝或怎么样嘛? |
[1:30:38] | Jesus, you pop up. | 天哪 你一下子冒了出来 |
[1:30:41] | You don’t call me, and then you suddenly appear. | 你一直不打电话给我 然后突然又出现了 |
[1:30:45] | I mean, what happened to that women you met? | 我想说 你认识的那个女的怎么样了? |
[1:30:49] | Well, I’m telling you, it’s… | 好吧 我来告诉你 这… |
[1:30:51] | I don’t see her anymore. | 我已经不和她来往了 |
[1:30:53] | I made a mistake. What do you want me to say? | 我是说 你知道 我做错了 你还要我怎么说呢? |
[1:30:58] | I don’t think you ought to go to London. | 我不认为你应该去伦敦 |
[1:31:02] | Well, I have to go. | 可是我不得不走了 |
[1:31:05] | I mean, all the plans have been made, the arrangements. | 我是说 所有的计划 都已经弄好了 都安排好了 |
[1:31:08] | My parents are there now looking for a place for me to live. | 我爸妈现在已经在那儿了 正在为我寻找住的地方 |
[1:31:16] | Do you still love me or what? | 你到底还爱不爱我嘛? |
[1:31:21] | Do you love me? | 你爱我吗? |
[1:31:23] | Well, yeah. That’s what I… Yeah, of course. | 是的 这就是为什么我… 是的 当然 |
[1:31:26] | That’s what this is all about. | 这就是为什么我跑来的原因 |
[1:31:29] | Guess what? I turned 18 the other day. | 你知道吗? 前两天我刚过了十八岁 |
[1:31:31] | I’m legal, but I’m still a kid. | 我过了法定的年龄 但我仍然是个孩子 |
[1:31:34] | You’re not such a kid. 18 years old. | 你不太是个孩子了 都十八岁了 |
[1:31:36] | They can draft you. In some countries, you’d be… | 他们可以征你的兵了 在有些国家里 你得… |
[1:31:43] | -You look good. -You really hurt me. | -你很漂亮 -你真的伤害了我 |
[1:31:46] | It was not on purpose. | 我不是故意的 你知道 |
[1:31:52] | It was just the way I was looking at things then. | 我是说 你知道 我那时是一时的糊涂 |
[1:31:56] | Well, I’ll be back in six months. | 我六个月以后就回来了 |
[1:31:59] | Six months? Are you kidding? | 六个月? 你开玩笑? |
[1:32:02] | Six months you’re gonna go for? | 你一去就要去六个月? |
[1:32:05] | We’ve gone this long. | 我们已经走过了那么长的路 |
[1:32:08] | What’s six months if we still love each other? | 要是我们真的彼此相爱 六个月又算什么? |
[1:32:11] | Hey, don’t be so mature, okay? | 嘿 别显得那么成熟 行吗? |
[1:32:13] | Six months is a long time. Six months. | 六个月是很长的一段时间 六个月… |
[1:32:16] | You’re gonna be working in the theater there. | 你知道 你会在… 在那边的剧场里工作 |
[1:32:20] | You’ll be with actors and directors. | 你会和演员和导演混在一起 |
[1:32:22] | You’ll go to rehearsal and hang out with those people. | 你知道 你会和那些人 一起排练 一起聚会 |
[1:32:26] | You have lunch a lot. | 天天中午吃在一起 |
[1:32:28] | Before you know it, attachments form, and… | 连你自己都来不及意识到 你就已经离不开他们了 |
[1:32:31] | I mean, you don’t want to get into that kind of… | 我的意思是 不是说你故意想要… |
[1:32:33] | You’ll change. You’ll be… | 你会变的 你知道 你会成为… |
[1:32:36] | In six months, you’ll be a completely different person. | 六个月之内 你会完全换了一个人 |
[1:32:38] | Don’t you want me to have that experience? | 你不希望我有那样的经历吗? |
[1:32:42] | A while ago, you made such a convincing case. | 你看 不久以前 你还竭力劝导过我 |
[1:32:47] | Well, yeah, of course I do, but you… | 唔 是啊 我当然希望你有 可是你… |
[1:32:51] | I just don’t want that thing about you that I like to change. | 我只是不愿意你发生改变 没有了我喜欢你的那些特点 |
[1:32:59] | I’ve gotta make a plane. | 我得赶飞机了 |
[1:33:02] | Come on. You… Come on. | 别这样 你… 别去了 行吗? |
[1:33:05] | You don’t have to go. | 你又不是非去不可 |
[1:33:07] | Why couldn’t you have brought this up last week? | 你为什么上个星期不来阻止我? |
[1:33:14] | Six months isn’t so long. | 六个月又不算很长 |
[1:33:18] | Not everybody gets corrupted. | 并非人人都没有原则 |
[1:33:23] | You have to have a little faith in people. | 你应该对人们保留一点信心 |