Skip to content

英美剧电影台词站

Magic in the Moonlight(魔力月光)[2014]电影台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Posted on June 16, 2024 By taiciben_script_user No Comments on Magic in the Moonlight(魔力月光)[2014]电影台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
电影名称:魔力月光
英文名称:Magic in the Moonlight
年代:2014

推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 英文 中文
[01:00] ♪You do something to me♪ 你对我做了什么
[01:05] ♪Something that simply mystifies me♪ 让我困惑不已
[01:10] ♪Tell me, why should it be♪ 告诉我 为什么
[01:15] ♪You have the power to hypnotize me♪ 你竟能将我催眠了去
[01:20] ♪Let me live ‘neath your spell♪ 让我在你的符咒下喘息
[01:25] ♪Do do that voodoo that you do so well♪ 你的巫术是那么神奇
[01:29] ♪’Cause you do something to me♪ 你对我做了什么
[01:34] ♪That nobody else could do♪ 旁人永远无法企及
[01:35] 东方 魔术
[03:48] Bravo! Bravo! 好 好
[03:54] I don’t understand. Is the conductor a blithering idiot? 我搞不明白 那个指挥是傻子吗
[03:57] We went over the tempo six times! 那个节拍我们已经练过六遍了
[03:59] It’s adagio, adagio, adagio. It’s not racehorse tempo! 应该是缓慢的 不是这种赛马曲的节奏
[04:03] Ja, ja, Herr Crawford. I’m sorry, I’m sorry. 克劳福德先生 对不起
[04:04] What? Don’t be sorry! 什么 我不需要你的道歉
[04:06] Get it right. What good are apologies 你给我把曲子弄对就行 道歉有什么用
[04:08] when the poetry of the moment is lost? 好好的诗意都被你搅没了
[04:10] And you! You’re supposed to knock 还有你 在箱子里准备好以后
[04:11] when you’re ready in the trunk. 你应该敲敲箱子示意我
[04:12] How do I know when you’re all clear? 不然我怎么知道你准备好了没有
[04:13] Well, I’m sorry, Mr. Crawford, I couldn’t breathe in that… 抱歉 克劳福德先生 在里面喘不过气
[04:15] Well, you’re not hired to breathe! 我又不是雇你来喘气的
[04:16] But it was her first time, Mr. Crawford. 这是她第一次登台 克劳福德先生
[04:18] My God, we went over this routine all afternoon. 我们整个下午都在排练这个
[04:21] How do I know when to begin sticking in the swords? 不然我怎么知道什么时候拔剑
[04:23] I could have stabbed you to death, 我可能会杀死你
[04:25] and then, I get blood on my ensemble. 到时候就直接血溅当场了
[04:27] Oh, Mr. Wei Ling Soo! You were, as always, brilliant! 苏魏灵先生 您的表演总是那么精彩
[04:29] Oh, I’ve already taken off my robe. 我已经把戏服脱了
[04:30] Can my wife and I take a photo of you? 我和妻子可以和您合个影吗
[04:31] An autograph, please? 您能给我一张签名吗
[04:33] Autographs are for mental defectives. 要签名的人都是脑残
[04:35] But I want to prove I met you. 我只是想证明我见过您
[04:37] Well, if you don’t mind, I’d rather that proof didn’t exist. 你不介意的话 我宁愿你证明不了
[04:39] What if you get picked up for sodomy? 你要是被抓到爆菊怎么办
[04:48] Yes! 什么事
[04:50] Stanley? 斯坦利
[04:52] Burkan! 博甘
[04:53] How are you, Howard? 你最近好吗 霍华德
[04:54] Brilliant. You are still the best in the world. 好极了 你还是那个全世界最厉害的魔术师
[04:58] No thanks to the assorted Neanderthals I have to deal with. 这和那群山顶洞人可没关系
[05:00] Oh, you haven’t changed. 你一点儿都没变
[05:01] You’re still a perfectionist, a snob, a genius, 你还是那个完美主义者 势利眼和天才
[05:04] with all the charm of a typhus epidemic. 像伤寒病一样流行
[05:06] Well, can I help it if I’m surrounded by assassins? 身边有那么多诋毁我的人 我能有什么办法
[05:09] Nonetheless, you held us spellbound. 最起码你把我们都迷住了
[05:12] And that last effect, from the sarcophagus into the empty chair, 最后那个从石棺里变到椅子上的表演
[05:15] when you swivel around… 当你把椅子转过来的时候
[05:16] I mean, I do a vanish-and-reappearance trick in my show 我也做过大变活人的把戏
[05:20] where I transport my pretty assistant 我让我的助理钻进扁皮箱里
[05:21] From one side of the stage to the other 把她从舞台的一边
[05:23] in a steamer trunk, 变到了另一边去
[05:24] but it is nothing compared to what you do. 可这比起你的差远了
[05:27] I invented that effect myself. 这个节目是我自己想出来的
[05:29] And if you’re very good, 如果你够聪明的话
[05:31] when we have more time, I’ll teach you all the moves. 我们有时间的时候 我可以把它教给你
[05:32] It’s actually… It’s very simple. You can do it anywhere. 其实真的很简单 你在任何地方都可以表演
[05:35] It’s a spectacular trick. 真是个了不起的把戏
[05:37] It’s so good to see you. How long has it been? 见到你真高兴 我们有多久没见了
[05:39] It’s a year, at least. And the tour’s going well? 至少有一年了 你的巡回演出还顺利吧
[05:42] Yes, it’s going quite well. It concludes this week. 非常顺利 这周就结束了
[05:45] Munich was good. Barcelona adored me. 慕尼黑的表演很成功 巴塞罗那也很喜欢我
[05:48] And you’ll never guess who came to see the show in Zurich. 你绝对想不到谁去看我在苏黎世的表演了
[05:50] – Enid Paxton. – Enid Paxton? -伊内德·帕克斯顿 -伊内德·帕克斯顿?
[05:53] Little thing in third form, 第三组的那个小姑娘
[05:54] we both used her as an assistant 咱们俩决定做魔术师的时候
[05:55] when we decided to become magicians. 都用她做过助手
[05:57] You sawed her in half, and I cut her head off. 你把她锯成两断 我砍掉了她的脑袋
[05:59] Well, she was a game girl. 她天生就适合变戏法
[06:01] – Uh, how is she? – Oh, she’s fine. -她现在还好吗 -她很好
[06:03] You don’t really notice any of the scars. 你完全看不出她受过什么伤害
[06:05] Of course, she’s fatter than my elephant. 当然了 她现在比我的大象还要胖呢
[06:06] What? Pretty little Enid with the curls? 什么 你是说那个卷发的小伊内德吗
[06:09] Well, the years can be cruel, Howard. 岁月无情 霍华德
[06:11] “Life is nasty, brutish and short,” As the man said. 有人说”人生本就卑贱 残酷且短暂”
[06:14] Was it Hobbes? Yes, I believe it was Hobbes. 是霍布斯说的吗 没错 我想是他
[06:16] I’d have got on rather well with Hobbes. 我倒是很欣赏霍布斯
[06:18] Shall we go for a drink? 我们去喝一杯吧
[06:19] Brilliant notion, Burkan. We can catch up. 好主意 博甘 咱们好好聊聊
[06:21] Stanley, I need your help. 斯坦利 我想请你帮个忙
[06:24] Ah, the plot thickens. 事情有点复杂了
[06:26] I’ll buy you a scotch. 我请你去喝杯苏格兰威士忌
[06:57] The Catledge family are wonderful people. 卡特莱奇家族都是些很不错的人
[07:00] Caroline Catledge is an old friend of mine. 卡洛琳·卡特莱奇是我的老朋友
[07:02] They’re a wealthy Pittsburgh family. 他们是匹兹堡非常富裕的家族
[07:04] Father made millions in coal before he died. 父亲生前做煤炭生意 留下了数百万的财富
[07:06] They’re socialites with several houses, 他们都是上流社会的人 拥有多处房产
[07:09] one in the south of France. 其中有一处在法国南部
[07:10] Now, the thing is, there’s a young woman staying with them, 事情是这样的 现在有一个年轻女人
[07:15] who has them believing that she’s a spirit medium. 和他们在一起 还号称自己是个灵媒
[07:18] Oh, Lord, not another fake psychic. 天哪 不会又是个骗子吧
[07:20] What a pestilence they are. 那些人简直就像瘟疫
[07:22] They’re taken with her predictions of the future. 他们相信了她那些所谓的预言
[07:25] – Telling them what they want to hear. – Precisely. -她能说出他们想听到的事 -丝毫不差
[07:27] Hmm, and charging them for all the good news she brings. 她还为这些预言开口要钱了
[07:30] Exactly right. And, of course, she’s a pretty young thing. 没错 而且那女人年轻又漂亮
[07:33] Well, of course. A pretty face never hurt a cheap swindler. 当然了 骗子总是长了一张漂亮标志的脸
[07:35] Brice Catledge, Caroline’s brother, 布莱斯·卡特莱奇 卡洛琳的弟弟
[07:38] the heir to the family fortune, 家族财产的继承人
[07:41] fancies himself in love with her. 竟然爱上了这个女人
[07:43] You know, I don’t know who I loathe more, 我也不知道我最讨厌哪种人
[07:46] those who use simple tricks to prey on the gullible, 可那些靠着小把戏骗人的骗子
[07:49] or the gullible, who are so stupid, they deserve what they get. 还有那些轻易受骗的傻子都是自作自受
[07:52] Brice Catledge’s sister Caroline 布莱斯·卡特莱奇的姐姐卡洛琳
[07:54] is married to a doctor, a psychoanalyst, 嫁给了一位医生 一位心理医生
[07:56] and he insisted on this woman doing her seances, 他坚持认为这个女人所谓的通灵
[07:59] in the presence of two renowned scientists. 是在两个大名鼎鼎科学家面前装神弄鬼
[08:02] Oh, rubbish. 什么鬼话
[08:03] Doesn’t he know that scientists are among the easiest to fool? 他难道不知道科学家才是最容易上当受骗的吗
[08:06] Well, this is the thing, I’m embarrassed to say, 事情就是这样 我很惭愧
[08:08] that I watched this woman work from every angle, time and again, 我观察了这个女人的一切
[08:12] and I couldn’t find anything amiss. 始终没有找到任何破绽
[08:14] I mean, I watched every move, and Lord knows, 我观察了她的一举一动 天知道
[08:17] I know pretty much every mind-reading and seance trick there is, 我知道很多关于读心术和通灵的把戏
[08:20] but I couldn’t find a flaw or spot 可是我依然没有找到
[08:22] a single suspicious move and… 任何可疑的地方
[08:25] I began to doubt my own clear thinking. 我甚至开始怀疑自己的判断
[08:27] You know, I thought, “Maybe, she’s the real thing.” 我有时候甚至会想”也许她真的能通灵呢”
[08:31] There is no real thing, Howard! It’s all phony! 根本没有这种事 霍华德 都是假的
[08:35] From the seance table, to the Vatican and beyond! 从通灵仪式到罗马教廷
[08:38] I can’t believe you’re saying this. 我不敢相信你竟然会说出这些话
[08:40] I’m very worried for the family. 我很担心这一家人
[08:41] If you could come and observe her in action? 你能去见见那个女人观察一下她吗
[08:44] After all, you are the greatest debunker 毕竟你是这世界上最能揭穿
[08:46] of fake spiritualists in the world. 这些骗子把戏的人了
[08:48] There’s not a single one who’s got past you. 没有人能逃过你的法眼
[08:51] Olivia and I were all set to take a holiday, 我和奥利维亚正准备去
[08:53] travel through the Galapagos. 加拉帕戈斯群岛度假
[08:55] But you hate holidays. 可是你不喜欢度假
[08:56] You’ll spend your whole time in your room practicing card tricks, 你会把所有时间用在房间里练魔术
[08:59] and you’ll never see the big turtles. 而不是去看乌龟
[09:01] And besides, you’ve always loved the south of France, 而且你一直很喜欢法国南部
[09:04] and you could visit your Aunt Vanessa. 你还可以去看望你的瓦妮莎姑妈
[09:07] But if this woman knows 可那个女人要是知道
[09:08] she’s being watched by the great Wei Ling Soo, 她被伟大的苏魏灵盯着
[09:11] she’ll make some excuse not to perform. 她一定会找借口推脱的
[09:14] The usual headaches, resistance in the room… 什么头疼啦 房间里有阻力啊什么的
[09:17] She’ll never know you’re Wei Ling Soo. 她不会知道你是苏魏灵的
[09:18] No one knows who you are under all that chinoiserie. 那张中国面具之下 没人知道你的真实身份
[09:21] You can pose as anyone you like. 你可以扮成任何一个人
[09:23] Well, if she’s fooled you, she must be very good. 她要是连你也骗过去了 那她可真厉害
[09:27] But she won’t fool me. 可是她骗不了我
[09:29] I can’t wait to see what gimmickry she’s employing, 我等不及要见识一下这个人的伎俩了
[09:32] unmask it, and throw it back in her face. 撕下她的伪装 扔到她脸上
[09:38] Postponing our holiday? 要推迟我们的度假吗
[09:40] I can’t resist. 我实在忍不住
[09:41] You’re driven, Stanley. 你鬼迷心窍了 斯坦利
[09:43] Don’t get angry with me, Olivia. It won’t be for long. 别生气 奥利维亚 不会很久的
[09:46] Oh, okay, go. 好吧 你去吧
[09:48] You’ve always had the measure of me, Olivia. 你总是那么了解我 奥利维亚
[09:50] Ever since our very first dinner, 从我们第一次共进晚餐起
[09:53] when I made your ruby ring disappear from your finger, 还有我把你的红宝石戒指从你手上变没了
[09:55] and reappear in your soft-boiled egg. 放到你那颗半熟的鸡蛋里去
[09:58] If you recall, I quickly figured out how you did it. 如果你记得的话 我很快就戳穿了你的把戏
[10:01] Yes, you were very impressive. 是的 你真厉害
[10:02] Oh, it was simply a matter of logic and common sense. 那不过是简单的逻辑感和直觉罢了
[10:05] I mean, you palmed the 你把戒指藏在手心里
[10:07] ring and distracted me by spilling the salt. 借用撒盐来分散我的注意力
[10:09] I believe it was my clear thinking that attracted you to me. 我想一定是我的聪慧吸引了你
[10:12] Yes, your logic and common sense equal mine, 没错 你的逻辑感和直觉和我一样敏锐
[10:14] but you have the added quality of being beautiful. 而且你又长得这么美
[10:17] Mmm, you’ve said it several times, Stanley. 你说过很多次了 斯坦利
[10:19] We’re a match made in heaven. 我们是天生一对
[10:50] What a serendipitous pleasure to be surprised 真是个惊喜 我最喜爱的侄儿
[10:54] by my favorite nephew and Howard Burkan! 和霍华德·博甘竟然来看我了
[10:58] Little Howard. 小霍华德
[10:59] – Uh, “Burkan the Great,” If you please. – Of course. -请叫我”博甘大师” -好
[11:02] Of all my nephews and nieces, you’re the only one, Stanley, 在我所有侄子和侄女里 斯坦利
[11:05] who isn’t boring to the point of perfection. 你是唯一一个力求完美的
[11:07] Oh, I couldn’t agree more. 您说得一点儿都没错
[11:09] If only you had a slightly milder disposition, 你的性子要是能更温和一些
[11:12] you might actually have friends. 也许你就会有很多朋友了
[11:13] Oh, l am his friend. Notice I use the singular. 我就是他的朋友 还是唯一的一个
[11:16] Yes, he means he can tolerate me. 是的 他是想说只有他能受得了我
[11:17] You may be Burkan the Great to your public, 你在公众面前也许是博甘大师
[11:19] but to me, you’ll always be little Howard Burkan, 可在我面前 你永远是那个小霍华德·博甘
[11:23] who took my favorite scarf, 用剪刀把我最喜欢的围巾
[11:24] cut it in half with a pair of scissors, 剪成两段的那个小家伙
[11:26] waved his magic wand over it, 挥动着他的魔杖
[11:29] and it didn’t come back together. 也没能把那条围巾变回原样
[11:31] I was just learning the trick. 我那时候才刚学
[11:32] No, she never got over that. 她永远都不会忘记这件事的
[11:34] And to what do I owe this unannounced visit? 你们这次突然拜访又是因为什么
[11:36] I’m here to expose yet another fraudulent spiritualist, 我来这儿拆穿一个骗子的把戏
[11:39] and I thought I’d warn you I’ll be dropping by for black pudding. 我告诉过您 有时间我会顺道来吃黑香肠的
[11:42] Oh, yes, the Catledges are holding seances up at their place. 没错 卡特莱奇一家要在家里举办通灵会
[11:46] They’ve apparently met some gifted medium. 他们显然是遇上了什么灵媒
[11:48] It’s the talk of the Cote d’Azur. 整个蓝色海岸都在传言
[11:49] She’s a little American called Sophie Baker, 她叫苏菲·贝壳 是个美国人
[11:52] and apparently she’s very sharp, 她非常厉害
[11:53] but Stanley will get the measure of her. 不过斯坦利一定有办法对付她
[11:54] I can’t wait. 我等不及了
[12:09] – Welcome! – Welcome… -欢迎 -欢迎
[12:11] – How lovely to see you. – Bienvenue. -你们能来真是太好了 -欢迎你们
[12:12] George, Caroline, Stanley. 乔治 卡洛琳 斯坦利
[12:14] How do you do? 你好
[12:15] Oh, hello. Stanley. 你好 斯坦利
[12:16] A great pleasure. 我的荣幸
[12:17] George. Charmed. 乔治 我真高兴
[12:18] Of course, George and Caroline are the reason I’m here. 我就是为了乔治和卡洛琳来的
[12:21] They’re a great deal less gullible 他们不像卡洛琳的妈妈和弟弟那样
[12:23] than Caroline’s mother and brother, 轻易就上当受骗
[12:25] and had hoped that I would be able 他们希望我能够揭开那个
[12:26] to reveal the medium as a fraud. 号称是灵媒的骗子的真面目
[12:28] When she fooled Howard Burkan, 她连霍华德·博甘都瞒了过去
[12:29] we knew we were in trouble. 我们意识到我们有麻烦了
[12:31] But then when he said he was best friends 可当他说他和苏魏灵
[12:32] with Wei Ling Soo… 是好朋友的时候
[12:33] We’re great admirers. Who isn’t? 我们简直高兴坏了
[12:36] I don’t know if Howard told you, her name is Sophie Baker. 霍华德告诉你了吗 那女人叫苏菲·贝壳
[12:39] Have you heard of her or… 你以前听说过她吗
[12:40] No, I have not, but these 从来没有 不过
[12:42] sleazy fraudsters change identity every month. 这种低级的骗子经常会换名字
[12:44] And I omitted to mention she’s here with her mother. 我忘记说了 她和她妈妈现在也在这里
[12:47] Ah, now, that says a lot. Yeah. 这已经能说明很多问题了
[12:49] I hope you kept your eyes on her mother during the seance, 那个女孩通灵的时候你们有盯着她妈妈吗
[12:52] or did she dim the lights too low? 她有没有把灯光调暗
[12:54] Caroline, you were next to her. 卡洛琳 当时你在她旁边
[12:55] She held my brother’s hand, and she actually made the table rise. 她抓着我弟弟的手 就让桌子升起来了
[12:58] Well, I looked for the usual devices, of course. 我找过了人们常用的那些工具
[13:00] I thought maybe, wrist lifts, but they weren’t there. 也许她抬了抬手腕 可我什么都没找到
[13:03] She’s promised to try and make contact with my father, 她许诺会试着和我父亲的灵魂建立联系
[13:06] who died a year ago. 我父亲已经过世一年了
[13:07] As I was saying, your mother and your brother 就像我说的 你母亲和你弟弟
[13:09] are the victims of a dishonest ruse, 都是这个骗局里的受害者
[13:11] as your good sense tells you. 正如你们所想
[13:13] There is, of course, no spirit world, 这世上根本没有鬼神之说
[13:14] and even if there were, 就算以前有 现在也没了
[13:15] you can be sure that some 可以肯定的是
[13:16] little American gypsy would not be the one blessed 那些美籍吉普赛人不可能受上天庇佑
[13:18] to unlock its secrets. 解开其中的玄机
[13:20] Only a low-grade halfwit would fall for any of this. 只有最低级的傻瓜才会信以为真
[13:22] But you’re not implying that her mother and brother are halfwits? 你不是在说她母亲和弟弟是傻瓜吧
[13:26] Well, l haven’t met them yet. 我还没有见过他们
[13:27] But I’m sure they’re like most people, 我相信他们和大多数人一样
[13:29] desperate for a little hope in a world that has none, 只是渴望一个不可能存在的世界
[13:31] and willing to believe anything. 才会将一切信以为真
[13:33] Who shall we say you are? 我们该怎么介绍你呢
[13:35] Introduce me as Stanley Taplinger. 就说我是斯坦利·塔普林吧
[13:38] I’m an old friend in the import-export business. 我是你们在进出口生意上的老朋友
[13:40] Understood. Mr. Taplinger, up to the house. 好的 塔普林先生 请上楼去吧
[13:42] Come on, Howard. 走吧 霍华德
[13:45] What is that dreadful noise? 这是什么声音
[13:47] My brother. He practices serenading Sophie. 我弟弟 他在为苏菲练习唱小夜曲
[13:50] Both thine eyes are cute, too 你的眼睛很美
[13:53] What they do to me 它们对我做了什么
[13:57] Hear me holler 让我听到内心的声音
[13:58] I choose a sweet lollapaloosa 我选择了一个美好的姑娘
[14:01] In thee 在你身上
[14:03] Thou sweet, thou grand… 你的亲切 你的高尚
[14:07] Howard. 霍华德
[14:08] Brice, good to see you again. 布莱斯 真高兴又见到你了
[14:10] Can I introduce you to my friend Stanley Taplinger, 我来为你介绍我的朋友斯坦利·塔普林
[14:12] who’s going to be staying. Oh. 他会在这儿住一阵子
[14:13] Pleasure to meet you. How do you do, Mr. Taplinger… 很高兴见到你 你好 塔普林先生
[14:16] – Taplinger… – Taplinger. -塔普林 -塔普林
[14:16] Taplinger. 塔普林
[14:17] And, uh, how long will you be staying with us, Mister… 先生 您打算在这里住多久
[14:19] Oh, not very. I have business elsewhere. 不会很久 我在其他地方还有生意
[14:21] Ah, have you told him about Sophie? 你和他提过苏菲了吗
[14:23] Ah, now, is this the girl that can read minds and such? 就是那个会读心术的女孩吗
[14:25] – Well, she gets these sensory impressions. – And, what are they? -她可以看到你意识中的景象 -那是什么
[14:29] It’s hard to explain. She gets these mental vibrations. 这个很难解释 她能和你产生心电感应
[14:32] Her head vibrates? 她的大脑会有反应吗
[14:35] – Drink? – Thank you. -喝一杯吗 -谢谢
[14:36] – Have you got a whiskey, Brice? – I absolutely do. -你喝威士忌吗 布莱斯 -好的
[14:39] Now, Sophie looked into my eyes 苏菲看着我的眼睛
[14:41] and told me things about me she could never have known. 告诉我一些她根本不可能知道的事
[14:44] About old girlfriends I’d had, 比如我以前的女朋友
[14:46] and places I’ve traveled to. 还有我曾去过的地方
[14:48] Good heavens. You think she can do it with me? 天哪 你觉得她也能看出我的吗
[14:49] Oh, of course. Of course. 当然了
[14:51] Whatever questions you have about life, the hereafter… 不管你对生活以及未来又怎样的疑问
[14:56] Here, cheers. 来 干杯
[14:57] Perhaps there’s a departed loved one 或者你旧时的恋人
[14:59] you wish to make contact with. 你想要联系的
[15:01] Sophie sees all. 苏菲全都能看到
[15:02] She can predict the future. 她可以预知未来
[15:03] In short, she’s a visionary. 简而言之 她是个预言家
[15:04] And, I’m told she’s very pleasant to look at. 听说她很漂亮
[15:06] She’s a visionary and a vision. 她是个美女预言家
[15:08] Mother’s agreed to subsidize a foundation 母亲同意出资建一个基金会
[15:10] for the serious scientific study of her work. 对她的工作进行严谨的科学研究
[15:13] Well, after this buildup, I’m champing at the bit to meet her. 得知这一举措后 我更急着想见她了
[15:16] She’s doing some psychic readings over at the Lounsberrys’ house, 她正在露恩贝里家通灵
[15:18] but she should be here any minute. 不过随时都会回来
[15:19] And the Lounsberrys, I take it, are wealthy marks… 我猜 露恩贝里家非常富裕
[15:21] Uh, wealthy friends of yours 是她也急着要拜访的
[15:23] that she was anxious to meet? 你非常富裕的朋友吧
[15:24] Yes. How did you know? 是的 你怎么会知道
[15:27] Mental vibrations. 灵光一闪
[15:29] Excuse me? Telephone call, Mr. Catledge. 打扰了 卡特莱奇先生
[15:32] Your business office in Paris. 巴黎办公室来电
[15:34] Ah, excuse me. 失陪一下
[15:37] He doesn’t make any business decision at all now 他现在任何商业上的事
[15:41] without consulting Sophie first. 都得咨询苏菲后才决定
[15:43] Well, what can I say, Howard? 我能怎么说呢 霍华德
[15:44] He’s a moron. 他就是个傻子
[15:45] Incidentally, Stanley, 顺带说下 斯坦利
[15:47] I think, if you could bottle 如果你可以
[15:49] up your sarcasm a little more skillfully, 收起你的讽刺 表现得专业点
[15:51] it might help us on our mission. 也许对我们的任务会有所帮助
[15:52] Howard, we all hope someone will come along with superpowers, 霍华德 我们都想见到有超能力的人
[15:55] but the only superpower certain to show up wears a black robe. 但只有穿黑袍的人才有超能力
[16:01] Speak of the devil and superpowers, I think that’s her now. 说曹操曹操到 那个应该就是她了
[16:05] Yeah, there she is. 她来了
[16:20] – Mr. Talmudge. – Hello. -这是塔尔马奇先生 -你好
[16:22] – Taplinger. – Hello. -是塔普林 -你好
[16:23] Oh, I’m so sorry. Yes. 是的 很抱歉
[16:24] You’re every bit as lovely as you’ve been described. 你跟描述的一样漂亮
[16:26] Thank you. 谢谢
[16:30] Wait. 等等
[16:36] Don’t say anything. I’m getting a mental impression. 什么也别说 我正接收闪灵
[16:42] Are you from the Orient? 你来自东方吗
[16:44] The Far East? 远东
[16:46] China? 是中国吗
[16:48] Have you been there, or do you visit? 你在那里生活过 或拜访过吗
[16:52] Why do you say China? 为什么是中国
[16:54] I just get that impression. 只是脑子里闪过这一映象
[16:57] And what impression is that? 什么映象
[17:01] No. 不
[17:04] Never mind. It’s fading, it’s fading. 不重要了 它正在消失
[17:07] And you are her sister? 你是她姐姐吗
[17:09] Mother. 妈妈
[17:10] Mother, are you? 妈妈啊
[17:11] What lovely cheek bones. 颧骨真美
[17:13] The apple does not fall far from the tree. 有其母必有其女啊
[17:16] And what do you do, Mr. Taplinger? 塔普林先生 你是干什么的
[17:18] – I’m… – Wait. -我是 -等等
[17:20] Sophie, what impression do you have 苏菲 在你的映象里
[17:22] of Mr. Taplinger’s line of work? 塔普林先生是做哪一行的
[17:25] I should say Sophie has psychic gifts. 苏菲的确有灵媒的天赋
[17:27] Has she? 真的吗
[17:31] It’s not immediately clear, although l… 映象不是很清晰 不过
[17:34] I do get some vibrations suggesting 我得到了一些指引
[17:38] that Mr. Taplinger travels a lot. 塔普林先生经常周游列国
[17:41] Well, those are excellent vibrations, 那些指引很正确
[17:43] but it’s not an unreasonable assumption, is it? 不过这假设也说明不了什么
[17:45] I mean, plenty of people travel in their work. 很多人的工作都需要周游列国
[17:47] I see Germany. Have you been to Germany? 我看到了德国 你去过德国吗
[17:53] Matter of fact, I did have some business recently in Berlin. 实际上 我最近在柏林有些生意来往
[17:56] I’d say, that’s pretty damn impressive. 这实在太厉害了
[17:58] Mr. Burkan, as you may know, is a magician, 博甘先生 你认识吧 是个魔术师
[18:02] who was brought here to observe my daughter and find flaws, 别人带他来观察并揭穿我女儿
[18:05] but has stayed to marvel at her. 最后为被她的能力惊叹
[18:08] Well, what have I stumbled upon? 这我还是刚知道
[18:10] You never told us what you did, Mr. Taplinger. 你还没说你是干什么的 塔普林先生
[18:12] Neither did your daughter. 你女儿也没说
[18:18] For some reason, 出于某种原因
[18:21] my mental impressions are cloudy. 我的映象很模糊
[18:24] Cloudy. 多云
[18:25] When you say your mental impressions are cloudy, 当你说你的映象很多云的时候
[18:27] are they cumulus clouds or cirrus? 你指的是积云还是卷云
[18:30] – Mr. Taplinger is a businessman. -塔普林先生是个生意人
[18:33] What line of business? 哪种生意
[18:35] The import-export trade. 进出口贸易
[18:37] I see Chinese letters. 我看到了中文信件
[18:42] Chinese writing. 中文
[18:44] Perhaps, you’re visualizing my laundry ticket. 也许你看到了我的干洗票
[18:49] You’re making fun of me. 你在取笑我
[18:50] I’m afraid you’re in the wrong part of the world. 我恐怕你搞错地方了
[18:52] I import coffee beans and cocoa from Brazil. 我主要从巴西进口咖啡豆和可可
[18:57] Well, I didn’t… Really? 真没想到 真的吗
[19:00] I think it’s time we moved along. 我们是时候要走了
[19:02] Sophie’s had a strenuous afternoon. 苏菲忙了一个下午
[19:04] It is rather exhausting communicating with the unseen world. 跟未知世界沟通是件很累人的事
[19:08] Well, I’m sure Mr. Taplinger 我确信塔普林先生
[19:10] doesn’t believe in the unseen world. 不相信未知世界的存在
[19:12] On the contrary, I always thought the unseen world 相反的 我一直觉得
[19:14] was a good place to open a restaurant. 未知世界是开餐馆的好地方
[19:16] Time to go, Sophie. 走吧 苏菲
[19:18] The spirits have to eat somewhere. 幽灵也得吃东西啊
[19:20] Mr. Taplinger is rather obnoxious. 塔普林先生真是讨人厌
[19:24] Obnoxious, but he’s not entirely unappealing. 虽说讨人厌 也不是完全没吸引力
[19:28] Congratulations, Stanley, 恭喜你 斯坦利
[19:30] you’ve managed to alienate 一下午时间
[19:31] the entire household in a single afternoon. 你就成功得罪了整家人
[19:33] Oh, she’s nothing I haven’t seen before. 这些小伎俩我都见过
[19:35] Pretty young thing with a stage mother who handles the promotion, 年轻漂亮的女孩跟着她的经纪人妈妈
[19:38] and who knows what else when the lights are out at the seance. 谁知道通灵时灯一灭 会发生什么事
[19:41] I want you to see her working. 我要你看着她通灵
[19:43] More importantly, 更重要的是
[19:44] I want to be there when you expose them. 当你揭穿她们时 我要在场
[19:46] Well, I mean, she’s not even a good actress. 她的演技烂透了
[19:48] “I… I get the impression of the Orient. China.” 我 我映象里出现了东方 中国
[19:53] What utter bilge. 一派胡言
[19:54] Well, I thought that was quite good, 我觉得挺准的
[19:56] considering you are Wei Ling Soo 鉴于你的艺名是苏魏灵
[19:58] and you have just been to Germany. 而且你刚去过德国
[20:00] Yes, it’s all very tantalizing. 是的 这一切都很让人信服
[20:02] Oh, careful, she’s tricky. 小心点 她很狡猾
[20:04] And yet, she’s a fraud, Howard. 但她毕竟是个骗子 霍华德
[20:07] Because there is no sixth sense. 因为根本就没有第六感存在
[20:08] There are five senses, and no spirit world. 只有五感 没有幽灵世界
[20:10] But there are coincidences. 但是有样东西叫巧合
[20:12] Maybe she’s made some lucky guesses, 她只是运气好 猜对了
[20:14] but we have to be careful not to build them into something more. 我们还是得小心行事 别让他们察觉
[20:18] Your daughter is going to try to make contact 你女儿今晚准备与我
[20:21] with my dear departed Harry tonight. 亲爱的亡夫通灵
[20:24] Well, she’s been waiting for the right moment. 她一直在等待最佳时机
[20:26] Sophie needs the proper vibrations. 苏菲需要时机对了才能通灵
[20:29] Now, of course, 现在关键是
[20:31] we need to purchase or build an establishment 收购或是自己组建
[20:34] – suitable for the operation of our foundation. – Of course. -运作基金的组织 -当然
[20:37] There will be various assorted costs, 那会有很多杂七杂八的支出
[20:40] and naturally, all the students will pay a fee. 当然 所有学生都得交学费
[20:43] And, I assume, profits will go into psychic research? 所有的收入都会用于灵学研究吧
[20:47] Oh, most of them, uh… 大部分都是
[20:50] Minus operating expenses and sundries. 除去行政开支和一些杂费
[20:54] You can count on my support. 我会全力支持的
[20:58] I’ve always known there had to be 我一直认为
[20:59] more to this life than meets the eye. 眼见的并不是所有
[21:01] How could it be that what we see is all there is to everything? 怎么可能所见的就是事情的全部呢
[21:05] And, that’s such a bleak thought. 这想法真消极
[21:08] Why would God go to so much trouble 如果一切都将化为乌有
[21:12] if everything comes to nothing? 上帝何必费那么大劲呢
[21:15] Well, Sophie is… 苏菲是
[21:17] Sophie is living proof 苏菲证明了
[21:19] that the world is alive with hidden things. 世界上存在我们所无法看见的事物
[21:23] She’s such an uplifting creature. 她总是那么让人振奋
[21:26] No wonder my son, Brice, is so smitten with her. 难怪我儿子布莱斯会如此迷恋她
[21:31] I’m always chasing 我总在追逐
[21:34] Rainbows 彩虹
[21:38] Watching clouds 观察浮云
[21:41] Drifting by 随风飘
[21:45] My schemes 我的计划
[21:48] Are just like all my dreams 就如同我的梦想
[21:53] Ending in the sky 随着天际线消失无影
[22:00] Some fellows look and find the sunshine 有些人喜欢寻找太阳光
[22:04] I always look and find the rain 而我总是追寻着雨水
[22:08] Some fellows make a killing sometime 有些人有时总会有所收获
[22:11] I never even make a gain 而我却从未有过收获
[22:14] Believe me 相信我
[22:16] I’m always chasing 我总在追逐
[22:20] Rainbows 彩虹
[22:24] Waiting to find a little bluebird in vain 空等小蓝鸟的到来
[22:32] You know that I’m in love with you? 你知道我爱上你了吧
[22:33] You mustn’t give your heart away so quickly. 你不应该那么快交出你的心
[22:36] You looked into my eyes, and without even knowing me, 你看着我的眼睛 在不认识我的情况下
[22:39] you knew me better than I know myself. 比我还了解自己
[22:41] You knew my dreams and my ambitions. 你知道我的梦想我的雄心
[22:44] Please, don’t tell me you’re in love with someone else. 别告诉我你爱上了别人
[22:46] Oh, no, no, of course not. 不不不 当然没有
[22:49] I never had time to fall in love. 我一直没有时间去恋爱
[22:52] Mother and I were always traveling, you know? 你也知道 我跟妈妈一直到处游历
[22:56] Unlike you, we’re members of the working class. 跟你不一样 我们是工人阶级
[22:59] That’s over. 都结束了
[23:00] I’m gonna take care of you 我要好好照顾你
[23:01] and pamper you for the rest of your life. 一辈子把你捧在手心上
[23:04] Do you like to travel? 你喜欢旅游吗
[23:05] I mean, on yachts? 我的意思是坐游艇旅游
[23:07] Do you like to go to parties 你喜欢去参加派对
[23:09] and buy jewels and clothes and go dancing? 买珠宝买衣服和跳舞吗
[23:12] I’m a very good dancer. 我很会跳舞
[23:14] I’m sure I could get used to yachts and jewels. 我想我会习惯坐游艇和戴珠宝首饰
[23:20] I had an interesting chat with Mr. Taplinger, as he’s called. 我跟塔普林先生进行了一场有趣的谈话
[23:23] You did? 真的吗
[23:25] Yeah, I’d say he has a classic neurotic personality disorder. 他患有典型的神经质人格障碍
[23:29] Yeah, brilliant parents who didn’t get along, 有一对合不来的天才父母亲
[23:33] closer to his aunt than his mother, 从小姑姑比妈妈还亲
[23:36] obsessed with mortality, 迷恋死亡
[23:37] believes in nothing, finds life to have no meaning. 没有信仰 感到生活毫无意义
[23:41] Just a perfect depressive, 患有严重的抑郁症
[23:43] with everything sublimated into his art, 将一切升华到他的艺术中
[23:45] and he is quite an artist. 他还真是个艺术家
[23:48] Oh, he began as an escape artist. 他一开始是个逃脱大师
[23:51] Interesting choice 想逃离现实
[23:52] if anyone ever wanted to escape from reality. 选择做这个不错
[23:55] But, like Freud, 像弗洛伊德一样
[23:56] he will not permit himself 他不会因为
[23:58] to be seduced by childish thoughts 幼稚的想法更让人舒心
[24:01] just because they’re more comforting. 而允许自己变得孩子气
[24:03] Very unhappy man. 一个非常不幸的人
[24:07] I like him. 我喜欢他
[24:19] – Ah, Miss Baker. – Hello. -贝克小姐 -你好
[24:21] Rested, I presume? 休息完了吧
[24:23] Uh, yes, I had a bath. I had a little nap. 是的 我洗了个澡小睡了一会
[24:26] And now, you’re refreshed. 现在充满活力了
[24:28] Well, no, not entirely. I had an unpleasant dream. 不完全是 我做了个不好的梦
[24:32] I’ve had my share. 我也是
[24:34] I dreamt I was being followed by a sinister Chinese. 我梦到我被一个邪恶的中国人跟踪
[24:39] You have the Far East on the brain. 你脑子里一直想着远东
[24:41] – What do you think it means? – I don’t know. -那有什么寓意呢 -我不知道
[24:45] Good evening. 晚上好
[24:47] I understand you’re holding a seance tonight. 我得知你们今晚要通灵
[24:49] She’s been waiting for the right moment, 她一直在等待最佳时机
[24:51] and now, she says, “The planets are in alignment.” 而现在所有星球都在同一直线上了
[24:55] And what do they have to be in alignment with? 它们为什么要在同一直线上呢
[24:57] Your vertebrae? 像你的椎骨吗
[24:58] Can you do the seance if someone in the room is a non-believer? 如果屋里有无神论者 你可以通灵吗
[25:03] And when… when you contact the spirits, 当你通灵时
[25:06] will we be able to see the souls? 我们可以看到灵魂吗
[25:09] And how are they different from ghosts? 它们跟鬼魂有什么区别
[25:11] Or are they ghosts? 或者它们是鬼魂吗
[25:12] I should think souls are quite different. 我觉得它们是不一样的
[25:15] – Have you ever heard of ectoplasm? – Ectoplasm? -你听过外质这个词吗 -外质
[25:17] Now, isn’t that a milky substance rather like yogurt? 不是跟酸奶一样的乳白色物质吗
[25:20] Oh, you are a joker, aren’t you? 你就是个谐星 对吧
[25:22] So, you’re saying it might look like yogurt, 你的意思是 灵魂看起来像酸奶
[25:23] but it will be Mrs. Catledge’s former husband. 但却是卡特莱奇夫人的亡夫
[25:27] Dinner. 晚餐时间
[25:28] Sophie, come to dinner. 苏菲 吃晚餐去
[25:30] Isn’t the light perfect, Mother? 这光线多美啊 妈妈
[25:33] Really, what exactly happens at a seance? 通灵会上到底会发生什么
[25:37] You know, I don’t believe you’re so naive 不要以为胡编乱造
[25:39] as you make out about the occult. 我就会相信你很天真
[25:41] I will admit, my Uncle Charles once attended a seance 我的叔叔查尔斯参加过一个通灵会
[25:43] where the medium made a lot of amazing things happen, 那个灵媒制造了很多惊喜
[25:46] and weeks later, she was unmasked and sent to prison, 几周后 东窗事发
[25:48] for defrauding people out of substantial sums of money. 由于巨额诈骗而被送进监狱
[25:51] Charles. Uncle Charles. 查尔斯 查尔斯叔叔
[25:57] Death by water. 死于溺水
[25:59] What did you say? 你说什么
[26:02] What? Oh, I was just… 什么 我只是
[26:06] I was receiving some mental impressions. Excuse me. 我只是脑子里忽闪出一些映象 失陪了
[26:11] Come, Stanley, let’s go to… 走吧 斯坦利 我们去
[26:13] You look stunned. 你看起来很惊讶
[26:16] I had an uncle who drowned many years ago. 我有个叔叔几年前溺水身亡
[26:19] And when I mentioned him, 当我提到他时
[26:20] she lapsed into a kind of fugue state 她游离了一下
[26:22] and muttered “Death by water.” 喃喃自语道 溺水身亡
[26:24] Well, she knew that my sister married 她知道我妹妹三月七号
[26:27] on March the seventh to a bank manager. 嫁给了一个银行经理
[26:30] There’s absolutely no way she could know that unless… 她不可能知道的 除非
[26:33] Oh, not you, too, Howard! No! 不是连你也相信吧 霍华德
[26:35] I’ll make short work of her tonight during the seance. 我今晚在通灵会上一定要揭穿她
[26:41] I would like us now to join hands, 让我们手牵手
[26:47] as we summon 共同召唤
[26:50] the unseen world. 未知世界
[26:55] Now, we’re here tonight to contact the soul 今晚我们齐聚一堂 共同召唤
[27:00] of the departed husband of Grace Catledge, 格蕾丝·卡特莱奇的亡夫
[27:06] father of Brice and Caroline. 布莱斯和卡洛琳的父亲
[27:13] Now, I will try to achieve 我现在要尽量进入
[27:17] a trance state. 一个恍惚的状态
[27:27] I’m falling deeper, 我越陷越深
[27:30] and deeper, 越陷越深
[27:35] into a trance. 进入了恍惚状态
[27:38] Harry Catledge, give me a sign. 哈利·卡特莱奇 给我个暗示吧
[27:45] Give us a sign! 给我个暗示吧
[27:51] Harry? 哈利
[27:53] Is that you, Harry? 是你吗 哈利
[27:57] Spirit? 幽灵
[28:00] Signal us once for “Yes.” 敲一下表示肯定
[28:03] Twice for “No.” 敲两下表示否定
[28:07] Harry, are you okay? 哈利 你还好吗
[28:10] Are you happy? 你开心吗
[28:15] Spirit, if you can hear me, 幽灵 如果你能听见我说话
[28:21] give me a sign. 给我个暗示吧
[28:31] That’s not possible. 不可能
[28:37] I mean, damn it, Stanley, we’ve both done levitations. 该死的 我们都表演过悬浮 斯坦利
[28:39] I once raised a real tiger, 有一次我还升起了一只老虎
[28:42] but we both have our tricks. 可这都是有秘诀的
[28:43] There was nothing supporting this candle, no threads, no wires, 蜡烛上什么都没有 没有线拉着
[28:47] it was floating until I brought it down. 一直在空中飘着 直到我把它抓住
[28:52] I… I was just telling Mr. Pepperidge here 我 我在跟佩普里奇先生说
[28:55] how marvelously you made 你是多么神奇地
[28:57] that candle float with no apparent support. 在没有明显辅助的情况下让蜡烛悬浮空中
[29:01] “Apparent,” I think, is the key word. 我看 明显辅助这个词才是关键
[29:03] Is it “Pepperidge,” Or “Talmudge,” Or “Taplinger?” 你到底是佩普里奇还是塔尔马奇还是塔普林
[29:08] Anyway, it was a wonderful, wonderful, super trick. 总之 你的表现真的非常非常神奇
[29:12] I mean, I grabbed the candle 我是说 我抓到蜡烛的时候
[29:14] and found absolutely nothing supporting it. 没发现任何其他的东西
[29:17] That’s because there’s nothing to find. 那是因为根本没有其他东西
[29:20] My daughter is not some commercial music hall attraction. 我女儿又不是什么花瓶
[29:23] She doesn’t do tricks. She is an adept. 她可不是耍把戏的 她是内行
[29:27] I hope I didn’t disappoint you at your first seance. 你第一次参加招魂 我的表现还可以吧
[29:29] Oh, I found it nothing short of perfection. 特别完美 无可挑剔
[29:31] Well done, madam. 很不错 女士
[29:33] I can’t even remember the last time I’ve seen Mother so happy. 我都记不起来上次我妈这么开心是什么时候了
[29:35] Will you join us? 你和我们一起吗
[29:36] We’re all going to hear some really hot music. 我们要来点热辣音乐
[29:38] Hot music? 热辣音乐
[29:39] – Come on, Sophie, come on. – Yeah, we… -走吧 苏菲 走了 -是啊 我们…
[29:41] I thought you said “All this mental work was exhausting?” 我记得你说你的工作是很费心劳力的
[29:43] Oh, it is, but I love hot music. 确实 但我很喜欢热辣的音乐
[29:46] Well, I hope you’re not plagued tonight 那祝你今晚不再受到噩梦的折磨
[29:48] by the dream of the sinister Chinese. 别再梦到凶恶的中国人
[29:51] You know, I figured out who you represented. 其实 我知道你是谁了
[29:54] – Really? – Yes. -是吗 -是的
[29:56] When I was much younger, years ago, 很多年以前 我还小的时候
[29:58] I went and saw Wei Ling Soo. 我去看苏魏灵的表演
[30:01] Have you heard of him? 你知道他吗
[30:02] He’s a Caucasian who disguised himself as a Chinese, 他是个爱装扮成中国人的白人
[30:06] and he billed himself as the Great Oriental Wizard. 把自己宣传成伟大的东方巫师
[30:09] I see, and did you enjoy his performance? 是吗 那你喜欢他的表演吗
[30:12] I did, very much. He was brilliant. 非常喜欢 他很棒
[30:15] He, um, he vanished a live elephant. 他 他居然将一头大象生生变没了
[30:18] And it was just… 那真是
[30:19] I mean, it just was completely shocking, 太让人震惊了
[30:22] but of course, it was mechanical tricks 不过当然了 那都是机械关窍
[30:24] that one could learn with enough practice. 只要勤加练习就能掌握
[30:26] I see. And, your performance? 是吗 那你的表演呢
[30:28] Oh, I wouldn’t call it a performance. 我觉得那不能叫表演
[30:30] Well, call it what you will. 那 随你怎么叫
[30:31] I mean, it’s a type of trickery, 反正都是鬼把戏
[30:33] like card magic or vanishing an elephant. 跟纸牌魔术还有把大象变没都一样
[30:36] And I say you’re Mr. Wei Ling Soo. 我觉得你就是苏魏灵先生
[30:39] And I say there is nothing you can do that I cannot duplicate. 我觉得你做的任何事情我都能重现
[30:43] Oh, I don’t doubt it. You’re great. 我相信 你很出色
[30:47] But just because you can duplicate my miracles, 但你能复制重现我的奇迹
[30:50] in no way proves that mine are not real. 不代表我的那些是假的
[31:06] It was quite a display. 真是表现不俗
[31:09] I must say, she impresses me. 我得说 她让我印象深刻
[31:11] And you saw no signs of trickery? 你也没看到什么使诈的痕迹
[31:13] Not yet. 还没
[31:15] Well, let’s face it, Stanley, you came to unmask her, 还是承认吧 斯坦利 你是来揭露她的
[31:18] and she’s unmasked you. 反而被她揭露了
[31:20] On the one side, yes, 从某个角度来看 是这样的
[31:22] she’s pulling off these bewildering feats, 她好像看穿了很多外人无法看透的壮举
[31:24] and on the other remains the simple fact 但另一方面 很简单
[31:26] that what she’s claiming to do, 她声称自己能做的事情
[31:28] while exquisitely executed, is simply not possible. 虽然策划实施的很周密 但根本是不可能的
[31:32] But who’s to say what’s possible? 但轮得到谁说可能不可能呢
[31:34] I’m a physician, and new facts come to light, 我是个医生 但新事物不停出现
[31:37] new discoveries are made all the time. 各种新发现层出不穷
[31:39] Things we never dreamed possible. 很多事情都是我们做梦都没想到的
[31:42] To cure someone of blindness 甚至是让一个人躺在沙发上
[31:44] by having her lie on a couch 讲述自己的童年
[31:46] and talk about her childhood. 就能治愈失明
[31:47] I mean, who’d have thought? 谁能想到呢
[31:49] Yeah, but don’t you see 没错 但难道你没发现
[31:50] it challenges our whole concept of reality? 这完全是对现实的挑战吗
[31:52] I mean, if there’s an unseen world, 我的意思是 如果真的有阴间
[31:54] an afterlife, souls to contact, 有来生 有可以招来的灵魂
[31:57] mind reading, foretelling the future… 可以读心 预测未来
[31:59] Yes, it changes everything 当今科学认知的一切
[32:00] we’ve held to be scientifically accurate. 都将被改变
[32:02] It’s true. 的确如此
[32:03] If what she claims was possible, 如果她说的有可能的话
[32:05] everything would surely take on new meaning. 所有的东西都会被赋予新的含义
[32:08] And yes, very hopeful meaning. 也是 充满希望的含义
[32:11] To think, if there were more to life… 试想 如果生命之外有更多…
[32:14] More what? 更多什么
[32:15] That life doesn’t end with death? 不以死亡终结的生命
[32:17] That the universe works by design? 还是宇宙是被设计出来的
[32:19] That God exists. 上帝是存在的
[32:21] All right, let’s not get carried away. 好 咱们别跑题
[32:24] The woman is a charlatan. 这女人就是个江湖骗子
[32:26] Because, depressing as the facts of existence are, 因为 尽管存在的现实让人沮丧
[32:29] they are the facts. 但它依然是事实
[32:31] There is no metaphysical world. 根本没有超自然世界的存在
[32:33] What you see out there is what you get. 所见即所得
[32:37] I think Mr. Nietzsche has 我觉得尼采先生已经
[32:38] disposed of the God matter rather convincingly. 充分证明了上帝是否存在的问题
[33:49] Good morning. 早
[33:50] May I? 我能坐这吗
[33:52] Did you sleep well, Mr. Taplinger? 睡得好吗 塔普林先生
[33:55] Or should I just call you by your Chinese name? 还是应该叫你的中文名字
[33:58] You are a very clever little humbug, Miss Baker. 你还真是个聪明的骗子 贝克小姐
[34:03] What are you doing today? 今天有什么安排
[34:04] I’m going bird-watching with Brice. 和布莱斯一起去看鸟
[34:06] Do you want to join us? 要和我们一起吗
[34:08] I can’t think of a more inane activity, 看长翅膀的小东西
[34:09] watching little winged creatures 无意义地繁忙奔波
[34:11] acting out nature’s pointless busywork. 想不出更无聊的事了
[34:15] Why don’t you join me instead? 要不你跟我一起走吧
[34:17] Where? 去哪儿
[34:18] I’m driving to Provence to visit my Aunt Vanessa. 我要开车去普罗旺斯看望瓦妮莎姨妈
[34:21] She’s a remarkable woman. 她是个很出色的女性
[34:23] We could have lunch. Chat? 我们还可以共进午餐 聊聊天
[34:26] Actually, get to know one another better. 增进对彼此的了解
[34:28] You think you’ll trick me into showing you how I deceive people. 你觉得你能哄骗我说出骗人的秘密吗
[34:34] Come on. 走吧
[34:35] I’m sure Brice Catledge can live 布莱斯·卡特莱奇几个小时看不到你
[34:37] without drooling all over you for a few hours. 也不会有问题
[34:44] I think I’d like to visit Provence. I’ve never been there. 我觉得可以去普罗旺斯玩一圈 我从没去过
[34:59] Tell me, doesn’t it ever trouble your conscience 说说 欺骗可怜无知的卡特莱奇夫人
[35:00] to fool that poor, empty-headed Mrs. Catledge 让她相信她在和逝去的丈夫讲话
[35:04] into believing she’s communicating with her departed spouse? 你就没有一点罪恶感吗
[35:07] I could just as easily ask you, 我也可以问你
[35:09] doesn’t it ever bother you to creep around, 你到处乱晃 打碎别人的梦想和希望
[35:11] dashing people’s dreams and hopes? 不会良心不安吗
[35:14] Not if their hopes are false. 如果她们的希望是错误的就不会
[35:15] Even if their hopes are false, 即使他们的希望是错误的
[35:16] if it helps them get through life? 但如果有助于他们以后的生活呢
[35:18] Then you admit you’re a fraud? 那你承认自己是骗子了
[35:20] I wonder if you get your cynicism from your grandfather, 你这愤世嫉俗是不是从你祖父那里遗传下来的
[35:24] the merchant seaman with the missing finger. 那个缺根手指的商船船员
[35:31] The missing toe. 是缺根脚趾
[35:38] Why are you staring at me? 你盯着我干什么
[35:40] Where are you from? 你是哪里人
[35:42] Kalamazoo. 卡拉马祖[美国城市]
[35:45] It’s in Michigan. 在密歇根州
[35:48] And, you’re from London. 你是伦敦人
[35:51] I see a white house in Belgravia. 我看到贝尔格莱维亚[西伦敦]一座白房子
[35:55] Fourteen… No, 16. 14号 不 16号
[35:59] Wilton Crescent. 威尔顿新月区
[36:02] A piano. 有架钢琴
[36:05] Yes, that’s all correct and rather amazing. 没错 你说的都对 很神奇
[36:08] But I don’t buy it. 但我还是不相信
[36:10] ‘Cause I’m a rational man 因为我是一个理性的人
[36:11] who believes in a rational world. 相信理性的世界
[36:13] Any other way, lies madness. 任何非理性的世界都太疯狂
[36:16] You’d be happier if I was a fraud, 我真是个骗子你就开心了
[36:19] because then, your whole fixed worldview wouldn’t be shaken up. 那样 你固有的世界观就不会动摇
[36:22] No, it’s quite the opposite. 不 恰恰相反
[36:24] If you knew how much I don’t want you to be a fake… 如果你知道我是多么不希望你是个骗子
[36:28] Oh, but think how embarrassing it would be for you. 那你得多尴尬啊
[36:31] Your whole life, 你穷尽一生
[36:33] you spent publicly crusading against spiritualism, 都在公开讨伐招魂术
[36:36] and then, you’d have to come out with it 然后你再公开声明
[36:39] and say that you were wrong. 说你错了
[36:40] But I’m not wrong. 可是我没错
[36:43] Is that why Jenny dropped you? 这就是珍妮 离开你的原因吗
[36:47] How could you know about Jenny? 你怎么知道珍妮 的
[36:50] I see long, blonde hair. 我看到长长的金色秀发
[36:54] A wonderful laugh. 爽朗的笑声
[36:58] Yes, she had a lovely laugh. 是啊 她的笑声很迷人
[37:01] But who wants a pessimistic bore 但有谁能受得了悲观厌世之人呢
[37:03] who hides in his room all day and practices card tricks? 整天闷在房间里 钻研纸牌魔术
[37:11] No, I’ll tell you who wants a man 不 我告诉你谁会喜欢
[37:12] who locks himself in his room and practices all day, 一个整天将自己锁在房间里钻研魔术的人
[37:14] who’s a committed artist. 一个有追求的艺术家
[37:16] Olivia, my fiancée. 奥利维亚 我的未婚妻
[37:20] Yes. 没错
[37:22] Olivia. 奥利维亚
[37:25] I see a match made in heaven. 我看到你俩真是天生一对
[37:50] How can you eat so much? We just finished lunch. 你怎么吃这么多 我们才吃完午餐
[37:53] I told you I like to eat a lot. 我告诉过你我饭量很大
[37:55] George’s psychoanalyst says it’s because I need love, 乔治的心理分析师说是因为我缺少关爱
[37:58] but to me, I’m just hungry. 但我 只是肚子饿而已
[38:01] Oh, I mean, a lot of people need love, 我是说 很多人都缺少关爱
[38:03] but they don’t eat their way to it. 不过他们不是通过吃来发泄
[38:06] – You want some? – No, thank you. -来点吗 -不了 谢谢
[38:09] This is so beautiful. 这里好美啊
[38:12] It’s transient. 只是暂时的罢了
[38:15] Oh, Stanley, how nice of you to drop by. 斯坦利 你能来我真是太高兴了
[38:18] And you, I take it, must be Olivia. 我猜 这位女士一定是奥利维亚吧
[38:22] Olivia? No, no. 奥利维亚 不 我不是
[38:24] Olivia is a brunette. 奥利维亚的头发颜色比我深
[38:27] And she’s a bit taller than me, and she’s in London, 比我高一点 而且她在伦敦
[38:33] anxious to get on with her trip, 迫不及待地想开始她的旅行
[38:35] so, she can get to work on her book. 好开始着手写书
[38:37] I’m Sophie. 我是苏菲
[38:38] Oh, you must be the American 那你一定是那位美国姑娘了
[38:40] the Catledges say is so amazing. 卡特莱奇一家说你非同寻常
[38:42] Sophie fancies herself a telepathic, among other things, 苏菲认为自己有心灵感应术
[38:45] so, be careful what you think, Aunt Vanessa. 所以您可得注意着点自己的思想 瓦妮莎姨妈
[38:47] We all know the evil workings of your mind. 我们可都知道您的邪恶想法
[38:50] Stanley doesn’t believe in spiritualists. 斯坦利是不相信圣灵巫术之说的
[38:52] He thinks you’re all scoundrels. 他认为你们都是江湖术士
[38:54] If so, you’re a very pretty little scoundrel. 即使如此 你也算一位姿色不凡的江湖术士了
[38:56] If you see all and know all, 如果你真能看到一切感知一切
[38:58] where’s my aunt just been? 你倒说说我姨妈最近去过哪儿
[39:01] Somewhere for her health. 一个疗养身体的地方
[39:05] I see baths. 我看到了浴缸
[39:08] Is it sciatica or rheumatism? 您得的是坐骨神经痛还是风湿
[39:12] It’s sciatica, and that is quite remarkable. 坐骨神经痛 真是了不起
[39:16] How can you know that I’ve just come back from a spa in Italy? 你怎么知道我刚从意大利水疗回来
[39:19] However she knows, it’s not through mystical vibrations, 不管她是怎么知道的 都不会是感应到的
[39:22] I can assure you. 我保证
[39:23] Oh, he’s always been so militantly scientific, 他总是这样激进地相信科学
[39:26] even at six years old. 六岁时就这样
[39:28] One of the most kind and gentle local priests 连当地一位特别和蔼可亲的牧师
[39:30] said that Stanley was the only child in the neighborhood 都说斯坦利是街坊邻里中唯一一个
[39:33] destined for Hell. 注定要下地狱的熊孩子
[39:34] And why do you still trek to Italy, 您为什么要跋山涉水地去意大利
[39:36] to pay good money to bathe in plain spring water 花大价钱泡普通泉水呢
[39:38] that is not a drop more medicinal 那儿的水跟你浴缸里的水一样
[39:40] than the water that flows from your own tub? 没有任何医疗保健功能
[39:42] I’m not going to get into that debate with you, Stanley. 我可不想和你争论 斯坦利
[39:45] It brings out the beast in you. 一开始争论你就没完没了了
[39:46] And I see you still buy this stupid nostrum. 我看您依然相信这种无聊的秘方
[39:49] It’s a health mixture. 那些都是对身体有好处的
[39:51] Sulfur, molasses and barley extract. 硫磺 糖浆 和大麦精华
[39:54] It’s disgusting and is of no proven value. 又难闻 又没有实际价值
[39:56] Perhaps if I needed an emetic. 估计我需要一剂催吐剂
[39:59] Am I the only sane person left on this planet? 我难道是这世上唯一的正常人吗
[40:01] I love him, but he was always an incorrigible child. 虽然我很喜欢他 但这孩子真是无可救药了
[40:04] Can I give you something? 要吃点什么吗
[40:05] No, thank you. Just a little wine, if you have any. 不 谢了 来点红酒就行
[40:07] We’ve just eaten. 我们刚吃过饭
[40:08] Oh, are those little cakes? 那是小糕点吗
[40:10] Good heavens, are you seriously going to have more food? 老天 你还要吃啊
[40:12] They’re delicious. 味道很棒哦
[40:14] Unbelievable! 真让人难以置信
[40:15] Now, tell me something about my Aunt Vanessa’s colorful past. 来 说点瓦妮莎阿姨的多彩过去吧
[40:18] Oh, leave her alone, Stanley. 别捣乱了行吗 斯坦利
[40:20] She’s not a performing monkey. 她又不是耍杂耍的猴子
[40:22] Do you have a telephone I could use? 我可以用一下您的电话吗
[40:24] I’m sorry, it’s 3:00, 不好意思 3点了
[40:25] and I was supposed to meet Brice for drinks, 我和布莱斯约好喝下午茶的
[40:27] but I’m never gonna make it. 但现在看来是不可能了
[40:28] Brice Catledge is the young milksop who’s smitten with her, 布莱斯·卡特莱奇被她迷得神魂颠倒
[40:31] and ready to lay his family fortune at her feet 那小子还准备带着自己的家产拜倒在她脚下
[40:33] to subsidize her chicanery. 好资助她继续行骗
[40:35] Can you believe it? He serenades her. 您相信吗 他还为她唱小夜曲呢
[40:37] Well, it sounds rather romantic to me, 我倒觉得这相当浪漫呢
[40:38] but you wouldn’t know about such things, Stanley. 不过你是不会懂的 斯坦利
[40:41] It would mean joining the human race. 这是我们人类才懂的事
[40:43] – Here, it’s in the study. – Thank you. -这边 电话在书房里 -谢谢
[40:46] Why do you badger her? 你怎么老针对她
[40:47] She’s quite likable, even if she is a fraud. 即便她是骗子 也非常讨人喜欢啊
[40:50] You know, one of the cardinal rules of magic, 魔术首要原则之一
[40:54] is that the magician must never repeat his trick, 就是魔术师绝对不能故技重演
[40:56] because sooner or later, one begins to notice the move, 因为早晚会有人注意他的举动
[40:58] and he’s caught. 他会被当场抓出破绽
[41:01] – But the more I watch her… – Yes? -但我对她的观察越多 -怎么样
[41:05] The more I’m stumped. 我越是困惑
[41:11] Could she be real? 她是真实存在的吗
[41:15] I’m beginning to question my own common sense. 我都开始怀疑我的直觉判断力了
[41:17] I’ve always questioned your common sense. 我一直都不相信你的直觉判断力
[41:19] You’ve always been so certain about the world, Stanley. 你把世界看的太明确 斯坦利
[41:23] And I’ve always tried to teach you that we don’t know. 我一直想让你明白我们不是万事通
[41:26] We really don’t know. 真的不是什么都知道
[41:28] We’re just poor, limited human beings. 我们只是可怜的 能力有限的人类
[41:32] The goldfish doesn’t understand 金鱼也不知道
[41:34] who changes the water in his bowl. 是谁把鱼缸的水换了
[41:35] If only she was real, 如果她是真实存在的
[41:37] it would lift the dark cloud 就可以拨开
[41:39] that’s followed me since childhood. 从儿时起就困扰着我的云雾了
[41:40] Well, I’m sure your fiancee 我相信你的未婚妻
[41:41] would appreciate a sunnier bridegroom. 会喜欢更加开朗的新郎官的
[41:43] Olivia likes me as I am. 奥利维亚就喜欢本真的我
[41:45] Sophie agrees we’re a match made in heaven. 苏菲都说我们是天作之合
[41:47] Has she met her? 她俩见过面吗
[41:50] No, but there, she’s guessing correctly. 没有 但在这一点上 她猜得很准
[41:53] I told Brice I’d be late. 我跟布莱斯说我会晚些过去
[41:55] I said I was just sitting down for some of your blood pudding. 我说我正在品尝您做的血肠
[41:58] Tell me something about my aunt. 说说我阿姨吧
[42:04] Do you have a, uh, handkerchief 您有没有手帕
[42:07] or an article of clothing, 或者穿过的衣服
[42:10] or a piece of jewelry I could use? 珠宝首饰什么的
[42:12] Oh, my pearls. 我有条珍珠项链
[42:23] These are beautiful. 真漂亮
[42:36] I’m receiving a… 我感受到了
[42:39] It’s cloudy. 隐隐约约
[42:40] Cloudy… 模糊不清
[42:41] Here comes the usual theatrical fertilizer. 开始装神弄鬼了
[42:51] I see an important Englishman. 我看到一位权高位重的英国男人
[42:58] Perhaps a member of Parliament. 似乎是位议员
[43:02] Go on. 请继续
[43:06] A love affair. 一段恋情
[43:07] I don’t believe this. 我不相信
[43:09] You cannot possibly know this. 你不可能连这事都知道
[43:12] Something’s wrong. 不对劲
[43:14] What? 怎么了
[43:16] He’s married. 他是有妇之夫
[43:17] Aunt Vanessa? 瓦妮莎阿姨
[43:18] I see a sequence of trysts. 一幕幕你俩幽会的情景
[43:20] I’ve never told her anything. 我绝没跟她提过这事
[43:21] He cannot leave his wife. 他不能和妻子离婚
[43:23] No, he did not. 对 他没能离婚
[43:24] And so, you’re heartbroken. 你黯然心碎
[43:26] Sophie, you are a miracle. 苏菲 你简直是个奇迹
[43:27] And you vow never to love again. 你发誓 从此终身不爱
[43:29] How does she do it? 她是怎么做到的
[43:30] You’re never to marry. 终身不嫁
[43:33] This is beyond comprehension. 根本无法合理解释
[43:34] I’ve never known anything like it… 从没见过这种奇事
[43:35] But this is a symbol. This is… 这是信物 这是
[43:37] The breakup. 诀别
[43:39] He gave me those on our last evening together. 在一起的最后一晚 他送给我的
[43:44] – Sophie. – I’m so sorry. -苏菲 -非常抱歉
[43:46] Sophie, is there really a spirit world? 苏菲 灵魂真的存在吗
[43:48] Do you really tune in on it? 你真的能和灵魂交流吗
[43:50] Is there more? Have I not seen it? 还有什么 我都错过了什么
[43:52] Where have you been all my life? 为什么没早点认识你啊
[44:01] When did you first realize you had this extraordinary gift? 你什么时候发现自己有特殊能力的
[44:05] Oh, uh, very young. My… My teens. 很早了 十几岁的时候
[44:08] Well, and you saw it as a way to make money? 然后你就靠这个赚钱吗
[44:11] Well, my father abandoned us, and we were very poor. 因为父亲抛弃了我们 当时穷的不行
[44:15] Eh, but it’s astounding. 真是难以置信
[44:16] I mean, I’ve always believed that the dull, 我曾认定生活是一成不变的
[44:19] tragic reality of life is all there is, 充满了悲剧 别无他物
[44:22] but you are proof that there’s more. 但是你证明了还有更多
[44:24] More what? 更多什么
[44:25] More mystery, more magic. 更多神秘 有魔力的东西
[44:32] Oh, dear. 天哪
[44:34] Oh, boy. 糟糕
[44:35] You leave this to me. 放心 交给我
[44:37] I did get a little anxious vibration 刚刚看到引擎冒烟的时候
[44:39] when the engine started smoking back there. 我是有股不详的预感
[44:41] Don’t worry, I’m gonna have a look at this. 别担心 我去瞧瞧
[44:44] I actually have an inkling as to what this might be. 我大概知道这是什么故障
[44:47] What are you gonna do? 你准备怎么做
[44:49] Yes, not to worry. I think it’s the, um… 不用担心 我觉得问题是
[44:51] I’m actually… 应该是
[44:53] I’m actually rather good at dealing with anything mechanical. 其实机械的东西我都很拿手
[44:56] I don’t understand it! 搞不懂
[44:57] I put the entire engine back together, 整个引擎都装回去了
[44:59] and I still have these two pieces. 怎么还多出来两样东西
[45:01] This doesn’t make any sense. 完全说不通
[45:03] If I can just get these back into here… 要是这些能装进去
[45:05] You should hurry. It’s gonna rain. 赶紧 要下雨了
[45:06] Don’t worry, it’s not going to rain. 别慌 不会下的
[45:07] No, I think I can feel it already. 会的 我感觉到了
[45:09] – We gotta put the top up. – No, the skies are clear… -快把顶篷翻起来 -一片云也没有
[45:12] I have to be able to do this… 得把这个装好
[45:13] We have to put the top up. 快把顶篷翻起来
[45:14] It’s raining. 下了
[45:15] No, please just give me a minute. 再给我一分钟
[45:16] – Stanley, come on…- If I can only put this in here. -斯坦利 快啊 -装进去就行了
[45:18] – We have to put the top up. Come here! – All right. -快来翻顶篷 快啊 -来了
[45:20] You can’t put the top up without taking this off. 你不拿掉这个 顶篷没法翻
[45:23] – What? – How are you gonna do it without the… -什么 -不拿掉你怎么翻
[45:24] – The canopy has to come off. – Okay, okay. -盖子得先拿掉 -明白 明白
[45:25] Okay, lift! Pull! 好了 用力抬
[45:27] – It’s stuck, it’s stuck! – All right. -卡住了 卡住了 -好吧
[45:29] No, don’t do that. You’ll break it, you’ll break it… 别硬来 要掰断的
[45:31] It’s lightning, it’s lightning. We’ll be killed. 闪电了 我们要被雷劈死了
[45:32] – There must be a catch somewhere. – What do we do? -肯定哪里有机关 -怎么办
[45:34] Get under the car! 快躲车底下
[45:36] God, I don’t want to go under the car! 天哪 我不要到车底下去
[45:37] It’s fine. It’s on four rubber wheels! 没事的 轮子是橡胶做的
[45:39] It can’t get struck by lightning! 不会被雷劈到
[45:40] – Just go under there! – No! -快躲下去 -不要
[45:43] Oh, we’re gonna die! 我们要死在这儿了
[45:45] Run! Run! Run? 快跑 快跑
[45:50] Stanley! 斯坦利
[45:54] Come now, I’ve got you. 快下来 我接着你
[45:55] I’ve got you. 小心
[45:57] – Oh, my God. – Oh, God, we’re gonna die. -天哪 -天哪 要死了
[45:58] – I know this place! – What? -我认得这里 -什么
[46:00] I can… I know this place! 我认得这地方
[46:01] -How? We can go in there. -啥地方啊 -可以进去躲雨
[46:03] Let’s run! Go! Come on. 快跑 快进去
[46:05] – Will it be open? – Well, it’ll be open! -门开着吗 -开着的
[46:06] It always used to be open. 以前就一直开着的
[46:10] Goodness! I found that rather exhilarating. 不得了 真是意外的惊喜
[46:14] Goodness me. 不得了
[46:15] I can’t believe I found this place. 竟然找到了这地方
[46:17] – What is this? – It’s an observatory. -这是哪里 -天文台
[46:18] I came here as a boy. 我小时候经常来
[46:19] Oh, thank God we found it. 谢天谢地我们找到这地方
[46:21] We just got a little wet. It’s water. 就是淋湿了 一点水而已
[46:23] Are you kidding? We could’ve been struck by lightning. 你开玩笑吗 我们可能被雷劈死
[46:25] We could die of pneumonia. 得肺炎而死
[46:28] I’m sure your fiance wouldn’t be too pleased. 到时候你未婚妻可高兴不起来
[46:29] Well, this would never have happened if Olivia was here. 要是奥利维亚在 也不会出那么多乱子
[46:32] Oh, no? 是吗
[46:33] Um, she’s, uh, too competent. 她非常能干
[46:35] She’d have fixed the car. 肯定能修好车子
[46:37] Is she also a mechanic? 她也很懂机械吗
[46:38] Well, she’s one of those people who’s good at everything. 她就是那种什么都很行的人
[46:41] How lucky for you. 你真幸运
[46:42] Yes, I suppose so. 是啊
[46:50] What are you staring at? 看什么呢
[46:52] You have no idea how miserable you look. 你淋得像个落汤鸡知道吗
[46:56] I’m freezing. I mean, the… 我冻死了
[47:00] Can you hold me, or something? 能抱着我吗
[47:02] I can offer you my waistcoat. 我可以把背心给你
[47:04] No, you’re wetter than I am. 你衣服湿的更厉害
[47:05] Just put an arm around me, or you know… 用手臂抱着我
[47:08] Body heat, it’s… 体温比较暖和
[47:13] My aunt used to bring me here as a boy. 小时候阿姨常带我来这儿
[47:15] The roof opens up. 屋顶可以打开
[47:17] Oh, really? 真的吗
[47:19] You can see the universe. 可以看见宇宙
[47:21] It’s menacing. 有点吓人
[47:22] Can you open it? 现在能打开吗
[47:24] I hardly think that’s the brightest idea at the moment. 我不觉得这是个好主意
[47:26] We just ran away from that. It’s still up there. 好不容易躲进来 雨还下着呢
[47:28] Oh, right, right. 对 对
[47:31] Just have to wait it out. 等雨停吧
[47:38] What was so menacing about the universe? 宇宙有什么吓人的
[47:41] The size. 大啊
[47:43] Of course, I was much smaller, then. 也可能因为当时我还小
[47:48] Poor Howard’s car. 霍华德的车遭殃了
[47:51] Are you a little warmer now? 暖和点了吗
[47:56] Tell me, with all your powers of prognostication, 你既然拥有这样的特殊能力
[47:59] could you have ever predicted, 当年初次看到我在舞台上
[48:01] when you first saw me vanishing an elephant 穿着中国戏服 把大象变没了的时候
[48:03] onstage in my Chinese ensemble, 有没有预见到
[48:05] that you and I would one day 我俩后来的某天
[48:07] end up in a deserted celestial observatory 会在法国南部相遇 还因为暴雨
[48:10] in a rainstorm in the south of France? 躲进了废弃的天文台
[48:13] It’s highly ironic. 造化弄人
[48:15] It’s morbid. 简直有点疯狂
[48:19] I feel sleepy. I’m going to have a little nap. 有点困了 我稍微睡一会儿
[48:41] The rain stopped. 雨停了吗
[48:44] It stopped a while ago. I didn’t want to wake you. 停了一会儿了 不想叫醒你
[48:48] You looked too peaceful sleeping. 看你睡得挺香
[48:51] Yes, it’s the first peaceful sleep I’ve had in a very long time. 是啊 很久没睡过太平觉了
[48:55] Does this thing open the roof? 这是打开屋顶用的吗
[48:57] Yes, let me show you. 对 我开给你看
[49:00] I’ve never forgotten this. 一直没忘记
[49:17] You find that menacing? 你觉得这吓人吗
[49:20] No. 不吓人
[49:27] I’d say it was pretty romantic. 我倒觉得挺浪漫的
[49:36] Who stole my heart away 是谁偷走了我的心
[49:40] Who makes me dream all day 是谁令我整日迷梦不醒
[49:44] Dreams I know can never come true 诚然美梦终是幻想
[49:48] Seems as though I’ll never be blue 蓝色愁云一去不复返
[49:52] Who 是谁
[49:55] Means my happiness 为我带来无限欢乐
[49:57] Who 是谁
[49:59] Would I answer yes to 她的心愿我都全力满足
[50:03] Well, you ought to guess who 你猜伊人是谁
[50:06] Who? 是谁
[50:07] No one, but you 不是别人 正是你
[50:10] Penny for your thoughts. 你在想什么
[50:15] Nothing. 没什么
[50:17] Well, you know what my thoughts are? 想听听我的计划吗
[50:19] I’ve already told you I want to marry you. 你知道 我想娶你为妻
[50:21] That we’ll get married at summer’s end at the Donaldsons’ yacht. 夏末我们就在唐纳德森号游艇上举办婚礼
[50:24] It’s enormous, and it can accommodate 游艇超大 你想请多少客人
[50:26] all the guests we’d want to have. 就请多少客人
[50:28] And then after the wedding, 婚礼之后
[50:29] we sail it, with those who wish, 我们和愿意留下的客人一起
[50:31] from Monaco to Greece, 开着游艇 从摩纳哥玩到希腊
[50:33] and then we honeymoon on the Greek Islands. 在希腊小岛上度蜜月
[50:35] What do you think? 你觉得如何
[50:39] That’s pretty swanky stuff for a girl from Kalamazoo. 对一个卡拉马佐的姑娘来说 真是豪气
[50:43] And then we’ll live in Europe. 然后我们就住在欧洲
[50:44] You’ll run your foundation. You’ll be world-famous. 你经营基金会 到时候就是大名人了
[50:47] I’ll be so proud of you. 真为你感到骄傲
[50:48] You know, my mom has been so happy since you’ve been here. 自从你来到这儿 母亲开心很多
[50:51] Before you came, she was so glum, and now she’s all aglow. 从前她总是郁郁寡欢 如今又容光焕发了
[50:57] Pierre! Bring the boxes up to mademoiselle’s room. 皮埃尔 把箱子搬去这位小姐屋里
[51:00] Merci! 多谢
[51:01] What are those? 是什么东西
[51:03] Well, you know those dresses 之前去镇上散步
[51:04] you were fawning over when we walked through town? 你看中的那些衣服
[51:06] I got them for you. All of them. 我给你买回来了 全买了
[51:09] I told you I was gonna pamper you. 我说过会好好照顾你的
[51:13] Who? 是谁
[51:15] Shall I sell the beach house on the Jersey Shore? 要不要卖掉泽西海岸的海滨别墅呢
[51:21] Then, I won’t. 那就不卖了
[51:22] I really didn’t want to. 其实我也不愿意
[51:24] It has such sentimental meaning. 我们对那座房子很有感情
[51:26] I’m so glad you said that, Harry. 你说不卖真是太好了 哈利
[51:28] Go on. 继续问吧
[51:31] Harry, I hope this question doesn’t embarrass you, 哈利 希望这个问题不会让你为难
[51:35] but I have to ask it. 我必须得问一问
[51:39] Were you always faithful to me? 你对我是一心一意的吗
[51:44] I knew it! 我就知道
[51:46] Certain so-called friends of mine suggested otherwise, 身边一些刻薄的朋友散布谣言
[51:49] that you had a long affair with Sally Summers. 说你和萨利·莎莫有很长一段婚外情
[51:55] No, I really didn’t believe it. 我从未真的相信他们
[51:58] But I’m ashamed to admit, I did wonder. 说来惭愧 我也怀疑过你
[52:01] Oh, Harry… 哈利
[52:03] I’m so relieved to know that I was the only one. 知道你只爱我一个人 真是松了一口气
[52:09] I… I was the only one, wasn’t I? 你只爱我一个 对吗
[52:17] How wonderful you make me feel. 你总是能逗我开心
[52:21] Well, look who’s strolling the grounds this morning! 瞧瞧是谁出来放风了
[52:23] Why aren’t you in your room, practicing? 怎么没在屋里埋头苦练
[52:25] I’m too excited to lock myself away. 心情太激动 坐不住
[52:27] What are you and Brice up to? 你和布莱斯在忙什么
[52:28] Brice is away for the week, in Paris. 布莱斯去巴黎了 待一个礼拜
[52:30] Mother and I are going swimming. 我和母亲准备去游泳
[52:32] I’m sure swimming isn’t your favorite pastime. 你一定对游泳不感兴趣
[52:35] Nonsense. I accept your invitation. 胡说 我接受邀请
[52:37] Just need to buy a bathing suit, 让我去买件游泳衣
[52:38] and I’ll, uh, meet you by the pool. 咱们泳池见
[52:39] We’re not going to the pool. 我们不去游泳池
[52:41] We prefer to swim off the rocks. 我们更喜欢下海游
[52:42] The rocks? Even better. 下海 那更棒了
[52:44] Live dangerously, I say. You only live once. 敢于冒险 青春只有一次
[52:47] Or maybe two or three times, 如果命大的话
[52:48] depending on your supply of ectoplasm. 说不定还能死里逃生两三次
[52:51] You are a much better swimmer 你游得不错
[52:52] than I would have imagined. 比想象的好多了
[52:54] I’m also a much better dancer. 我还是个跳舞高手呢
[52:56] Really? You must take me dancing sometime. 真的吗 下次一定请我跳一支舞
[52:58] Perhaps I shall, 没准我会的
[53:00] now that life is no longer weary, stale, flat and unprofitable. 生活不再令人厌倦 不再陈腐贫乏 不再一无是处
[53:04] Oh, that’s from something. 哪里听到过这句话
[53:06] Is that Dickens? 是狄更斯说的吗
[53:08] Oh, dear, poor thing. 可怜的孩子
[53:09] Madam, your wunderkind has much catching up to do. Huh? 女士 你家的神童还有好多要学的呢
[53:13] Isn’t that Dickens? 难道不是狄更斯吗
[53:14] That’s Dickens. 就是狄更斯
[53:37] The Seventh is actually one of my favorites 贝多芬的交响曲作品里
[53:39] of Beethoven’s symphonies, 第七交响曲是我的最爱之一
[53:40] but if you haven’t heard them, 如果你没听过
[53:42] the string quartets are sublime. 反正弦乐四重奏真是棒极了
[53:44] Especially the late ones, the 15th and the 16th. 尤其听到后头 第15章和第16章
[53:48] Of course, they are rather intellectually demanding, 当然 欣赏这些需要很高的学识基础
[53:50] but that’s the thing about intelligence. 不过学识这样东西
[53:51] You must never despair. 永远不能灰心丧气
[53:53] Yours can be raised. 你努力就能学好
[54:04] You know, it’s extraordinary. 今天真是不同寻常
[54:06] I have smelled these flowers 100 times, 这些花儿 我闻了不下百遍
[54:09] and yet I have never really smelled them until now. 然而直至此刻 我才真正知其芳香
[54:13] What a pity. 可惜了
[54:15] All the rest of the human race that you consider boobs, 人世间被你认定愚蠢的众生
[54:18] smelling flowers and you all left out. 都知道花儿芳香 唯独你不知
[54:21] Now, wait. Yes. 等等 没错
[54:23] They… They’ve enjoyed, but mindlessly, 他们是闻到了 但却不明所以
[54:23] They… They’ve enjoyed, but mindlessly, 他们享受花香时 是盲目的
[54:26] because they never thought. 因为他们从未思索过
[54:27] They never… They never stopped 从未停下来
[54:29] for a moment to consider what a rotten deal it all appears to be. 认真考虑过 人生看起来是如此残酷
[54:33] To be born, to have committed no crime, 一出生 没有犯下任何罪行
[54:36] and yet to be sentenced to death. 却已被判了死刑
[54:39] Ah, but notice I say, “appears to be.” 但留意我说的是 看起来是
[54:43] Alvin, hello. It’s Stanley Crawford. 埃尔文 你好 是我 斯坦利·克劳福德
[54:46] Yes, Wei Ling Crawford. 魏灵·克劳福德
[54:48] How are you? 你好吗
[54:50] Good, splendid. 很好 好极了
[54:51] Listen, Alvin, I have the story of a lifetime for your paper 听着 埃尔文 我这有一个绝无仅有的故事
[54:55] and I wanted you to have it first. 我想让你先报道
[54:57] No… Well, yes, it is a… 不是 算是
[55:00] It’s a theatrical piece, but it’s… 算是一场秀
[55:02] It’s much more than that, much more. 但是不仅于此
[55:04] It’s science, it’s… 是科学
[55:06] It’s philosophy, it’s religion. 是哲学 是宗教
[55:15] Brice is coming home tonight from Paris. 布莱斯今天晚上就从巴黎回来了
[55:17] The week went so fast. 这一周过得好快
[55:20] Have you decided to accept Brice’s marriage proposal? 你决定要接受布莱斯的求婚了吗
[55:25] He is pushing me very hard. 他确实逼得很紧
[55:27] Well, I’d grab it if I were you. 如果我是你的话我肯定答应
[55:29] I mean, it’d be logical. 答应才是符合逻辑的选择
[55:30] An uneducated nobody 没受过教育的无名小卒
[55:31] from some ridiculous-sounding city, 来自某个名字很荒谬的城市
[55:33] gifted, miraculously, through no achievement of your own, 有天赋 惊人的天赋 但没有自己的成就
[55:37] and now you’ve developed a taste for high living… 现在培养出了高端的品位
[55:40] Yachts, motorcars. 游艇 汽车
[55:43] You know, Stanley, 要知道 斯坦利
[55:45] I’m not quite as desperate as you make me out to be. 我并不像你说的那么饥不择食
[55:50] There have actually been a number of, 实际上有不少
[55:53] I don’t know, substantial men who have fallen in love with me. 富裕的男士爱上了我
[55:56] Really? 真的吗
[55:58] Well, you could’ve fooled me. 我是看不出来你的出身
[56:00] Although, with the ability you have, 不过 以你的能力
[56:02] one does automatically become intriguing… 人确实会不由自主地对你感到好奇
[56:06] And you do have agreeable features, 你的外貌也确实不差
[56:08] but it’s your gift, I’m sure, which is… 但我肯定 是你的天赋
[56:12] Well, l wouldn’t say charming, but it is impressive. 我不会说迷人 但确实令人印象深刻
[56:17] I mean, even you just said I have agreeable features. 甚至是你 刚也说了我的外貌不差
[56:21] They’re more than agreeable. 不止是不差
[56:23] Provided the light hits you just so. 前提是光线打得恰到好处
[56:25] Can I ask what time of day that might be? 我能问问那是一天中的什么时候吗
[56:28] Just in case I ever need to look my best for a job interview? 以防万一我需要以最佳状态参加工作面试
[56:32] Dusk. You’re prettiest at about 8:20 黄昏 你在夏天大约8:20的时候最美
[56:35] in the summer, when the light is fading. 当天色渐弱的时候
[56:37] Oh, I see, the light must be fading, 我懂了 天色要渐弱才行
[56:39] so that I’m not too visible. 这样我就不会太显眼
[56:42] Exactly. I’m thinking when I do the vanishing elephant trick, 正是 我在想我变消失大象的魔术时
[56:45] you must be lit precisely as I light the elephant. 应该按我给大象打光的方法来给你打光
[56:49] I don’t think I’ll pursue that. 我想还是算了
[56:52] You coming to the ball, at the palace? 你来参加舞会吗
[56:55] Of course I am. 当然去
[56:57] My whole life I’ve wanted to go to a ball like that. 我一生都想参加那样的舞会
[57:00] Do you have a date? 你有舞伴吗
[57:02] I do, indeed. 确实有
[57:03] I’m going with the most charming woman in the south of France. 我要和南法最迷人的女士一起去
[57:06] My Aunt Vanessa. 瓦妮莎阿姨
[57:09] I like her. 我喜欢她
[57:11] I am going to dance and drink 我要起舞纵饮
[57:13] and enjoy all the things you have brought to my life. 享受你为我的人生带来的一切
[57:16] Maybe you and I can even have a dance together. 也许你我甚至可以共舞一曲
[58:43] Didn’t you say that we might have a dance together? 你不是说我们可以共舞一曲吗
[58:45] Ah, your mental vibrations told you my feet are killing me. 你的心灵感应告诉你我的脚疼死了
[58:49] Please, be my guest. 请
[58:50] She so appreciates your support. 她很感谢你的支持
[58:52] Aunt Vanessa? 瓦妮莎阿姨
[59:22] You know that you’re the only person tonight 你是今晚唯一一个
[59:24] who hasn’t made a comment on my appearance. 没有对我的外表做出评论的人
[59:28] I’m overwhelmed, Sophie. 我还没有回过神来 苏菲
[59:30] I never dreamed you could look this beautiful. 我做梦都想不到你会如此美丽
[59:33] That’s more like it. 这还差不多
[59:36] You must have moved mountains to achieve this effect. 你一定想尽了千方百计才达到这种效果
[59:39] Thanks. 谢了
[59:41] And this is all without the added benefit of the lighting 而且这还没有加上
[59:44] that you give your elephant. 你给你的大象打的光
[59:47] You know, tomorrow I’m doing that press conference about you. 明天我要召开关于你的记者招待会
[59:53] Tell me, um, Stanley. 告诉我 斯坦利
[59:58] Apart from my gift, 除了我的天赋
[1:00:01] which has changed your life so… 改变了你的人生的天赋
[1:00:06] Have you not, in the… 你有没有
[1:00:10] In the time that we’ve spent together, 在我们共同度过的时光里
[1:00:14] had any other 有没有
[1:00:17] thoughts about me? 关于我的想法
[1:00:20] Well, I’ve already told you, 我已经告诉过你了
[1:00:21] I’m in awe of you. 我对你感到惊叹
[1:00:23] I don’t mean as a mystic. 我不是说作为一个神秘主义者
[1:00:25] I’m… 而是
[1:00:27] I mean as a woman. 作为一个女人
[1:00:31] As a woman? 作为一个女人
[1:00:33] What an odd question. 奇怪的问题
[1:00:34] I’ve never technically regarded you as a woman. 我从未将你看做一个女人
[1:00:37] You were a charlatan who turned the tables on me, 你之前是个骗子 对我掀过桌子
[1:00:40] and now I feel both humbled and proud. 现在我感觉谦卑而自豪
[1:00:42] You’re proud of me? 你为我感到自豪
[1:00:45] You? No, I’m proud of myself 你 不是 我为自己感到自豪
[1:00:47] for being big enough to admit that I was wrong 足够成熟可以承认自己这么多年来的
[1:00:49] and foolish all these years. 错误和愚蠢
[1:00:51] I’ve been rather snobbish and, uh, and rude. 之前的我相当轻蔑而粗鲁
[1:00:54] Condescending about other people’s faith. 对他人的信仰不屑一顾
[1:00:57] So you never thought about me as a female? 所以你从未将我当做女性考虑
[1:01:02] Well, I was always certain you were not of my sex, 我很确定你的性别与我的不同
[1:01:04] if that’s what you’re asking. 如果你是想问这个
[1:01:06] And quite good to look at. 而且看起来也挺好看
[1:01:07] I mean, comparatively. 相对来说
[1:01:09] I’ve exposed some pretty unattractive mediums, 我见过一些相当不吸引人的灵媒
[1:01:12] a number of horrible-looking creatures. 有几个长相相当吓人
[1:01:14] You do understand, I’m seriously considering 你意识到了吗 我在认真地考虑
[1:01:17] marrying Brice Catledge? 要嫁给布莱斯·卡特莱奇
[1:01:20] Well, I think you’d be insane not to. 如果你不嫁那才是疯了
[1:01:22] You don’t see it as 你完全不觉得
[1:01:25] a little hasty of me? 我有点轻率
[1:01:28] Well, it’s you who can foretell the future, 你可以预见未来
[1:01:30] and I’m sure your vibrations are very positive. 我相信你的感应一定很乐观
[1:01:33] And common sense would say that this man 而且以常理来看 这个男人
[1:01:35] is a tremendous catch for you. 是个极好的对象
[1:01:36] Far beyond what you could hope, given your trivial resume. 以你卑微的经历 远超你的奢望
[1:01:40] And of course, now that you’re emerging as a… 当然 现在你的名望渐涨
[1:01:42] As a phenomenon, you’ll always be able to do quite well, 你确实可以保证收入不菲
[1:01:45] financially, although nothing like the Catledge fortune. 但跟卡特莱奇家的财富比起来不足以道
[1:01:48] And most of your time will be spent with your… 你的大部分时间会花在
[1:01:50] Your foundation, where he’ll be a great help. 你的基金会上 他也会是个好帮手
[1:01:54] So the time that we’ve spent together, 所以我们共度的时光
[1:01:56] has just had 对你来说
[1:01:59] no impact on you 毫无影响
[1:02:02] whatsoever? 毫无意义
[1:02:06] I say, don’t… 等等
[1:02:08] You don’t tell me you’re experiencing romantic feelings for me? 你不是对我有了感情吧
[1:02:13] What if I was? 如果是呢
[1:02:15] Well, that’s absurd. 那太荒谬了
[1:02:16] You imagined that you and I… 你想象你和我
[1:02:22] Isn’t it enough you’ve opened my eyes to the joy of living? 你已经让我见识到人生的美好 还不够吗
[1:02:26] I mean, you’ve conquered my mind. 你已经征服了我的头脑
[1:02:27] Do you, do you also need to conquer my heart? 还有必要征服我的心吗
[1:02:30] I just thought, in the time that we had spent together 我只是在想 我们共度的时光
[1:02:34] that you… 你
[1:02:35] Don’t misunderstand me. 不要误会
[1:02:37] I hold you in the highest possible esteem, 在我心中你的地位绝对崇高
[1:02:39] and tomorrow, I am prepared to tell the world as much. 明天 我也将如此告知世界
[1:02:42] Excuse me. 抱歉
[1:02:50] Ah, there you are, Stanley. 你在这儿 斯坦利
[1:02:52] I don’t know about you, but I danced till dawn. 不知道你怎么样 我是起舞至天明
[1:02:56] Can you believe the little medium has grown fond of me? 你能想象那个小灵媒居然喜欢上了我吗
[1:02:58] Well, why shouldn’t she? According to the newspapers, 为什么不 根据报纸的消息
[1:03:00] you’re her greatest press agent. 你是她最大的媒体介绍人
[1:03:02] No, no, I mean… I mean, she’s emotionally taken with me. 不 我是说 她对我动了情
[1:03:04] I believe she fancies herself falling in love with me. 我想她觉得自己爱上了我
[1:03:07] But you’re both spoken for. 但你们俩都已经有所属了
[1:03:08] I know. It defies all reason. 我知道 这违背了一切常理
[1:03:10] She’s on the verge of capturing a rich young man, 她眼看就要抓住一个钻石王老五
[1:03:13] dullard that he is. 虽然有点笨
[1:03:14] And Olivia and I are, by her own vibrations, 而奥利维亚和我 以她的感应来说
[1:03:17] the acme of congruity. 是势不两立的
[1:03:19] Well, it seems you’ve given the matter some thought. 似乎你也对此考虑了一番
[1:03:22] I was rather taken aback. 我大吃了一惊
[1:03:24] She is looking rather stunning this evening. 她今晚确实美得令人震惊
[1:03:26] Yes, to be sure. 确实
[1:03:29] She did make a rather 她的入场
[1:03:31] surprising entrance. 惊为天人
[1:03:33] Come, I’ve got to drive back to Provence, 走吧 我得开车回普罗旺斯
[1:03:36] and you have some journalists to see in a few hours. 你过几个小时就要见记者了
[1:03:43] How did you first discover Miss Baker? 你最初是怎么发现贝克小姐的
[1:03:46] I came to unmask her, as I have done countless others, 我是为了揭穿她而来 就像我无数次做过的
[1:03:50] but after trying every which way, 但尝试过所有可能的方法后
[1:03:52] came to the indisputable conclusion 我得出的结论是
[1:03:55] that she is a genuine medium. 她是货真价实的灵媒
[1:03:57] How can you be so certain she’s authentic? 您怎么能确定她是货真价实的
[1:04:01] I know all the tricks. 我知道所有的把戏
[1:04:03] Conjuring is my life’s passion. 魔术是我一生的追求
[1:04:04] Debunking fake mediums, my specialty. 戳穿假灵媒是我的特长
[1:04:07] What are her plans for the future? 她未来的计划是什么
[1:04:09] She plans to start a foundation 她计划建立一个基金会
[1:04:11] and a school for teaching the occult. 开设学校教授神秘学
[1:04:13] How does it feel to be wrong 这么多年一直排斥神秘学
[1:04:15] all these years about the occult? 发现自己错了是什么感觉
[1:04:18] Well, on the one side, I’m embarrassed, 一方面 我感到很窘迫
[1:04:21] but also thrilled to finally be able to take a deep breath 但也感到激动 终于可以深吸一口气
[1:04:24] and see new possibilities in life. 看到人生新的可能
[1:04:26] So, it is fair to say that you feel 所以可以这么说
[1:04:28] the world is not as rational and predictable 你发现世界不是像你一直以来坚信的那样
[1:04:31] as you’ve always so adamantly, 有时甚至为此冒犯众人
[1:04:33] and sometimes insultingly, claimed? 理智而可预见
[1:04:36] I deserve your criticism, I know. 我活该被你批评
[1:04:39] I’ve always been a rational man with a great faith in science. 我一直是坚信科学的理智之士
[1:04:42] What can I say? 我能说什么
[1:04:44] But it would appear that perhaps, 我只能说 看起来
[1:04:47] to say I believe in the dignity of man 只相信人类自身
[1:04:51] is simply not enough. 是不够的
[1:04:55] Even as a baby, it was clear 还是孩子时
[1:04:57] from the very beginning that she was a special child. 她就显现出了自己的特别之处
[1:05:00] It’s gonna be a world-class foundation. 世界范围的基金会
[1:05:01] Yes, there’ll be students from all over the world. 来自世界各地的学生
[1:05:03] You have to see her. 你一定要去见见她
[1:05:05] They are very close friends of mine. 他们是我非常好的朋友
[1:05:06] I came at once, but she stumped me, 我立刻就来了 但她把我难住了
[1:05:07] so l brought in Mr. Wei Ling Soo under an alias 所以我让苏魏灵先生以假名拜访
[1:05:10] to unmask her. 意图揭穿她
[1:05:11] Now you see the result. 结果如你们所见
[1:05:13] And damned if he isn’t her biggest fan. 现在他成了她最大的粉丝
[1:05:15] There you are. Excuse me. 你在这 抱歉
[1:05:16] I have some seriously distressing news. What? 我有一些令人心痛的消息
[1:05:19] Your aunt’s been in a serious automobile accident. 你的姑姑出了一起严重的事故
[1:05:20] What happened? Is she all right? 发生什么了 她还好吗
[1:05:22] She’s in critical condition at the hospital. 她现在在医院 情况危急
[1:05:23] – I need to get there. – Yes, of course, I’ll drive you. -我得赶过去 -当然 我开车送你
[1:05:26] Do you want me to come with you? I know the way… 要我跟你一起去吗 我认得路
[1:05:46] Jacques. 雅克
[1:05:47] Bonjour, George. 你好 乔治
[1:05:49] This is Stanley. 这是斯坦利
[1:05:50] Yes, how do you do? 你好吗
[1:05:51] So, how’s she doing? What’s happening? 她怎么样 发生什么了
[1:05:55] What was… 什么
[1:05:56] En anglais. 请用英语
[1:05:57] Oh, she’s in the operating room now. 她现在在手术室
[1:06:00] Everyone is doing his best. 每个人都在尽全力
[1:06:01] So what do you think? 你怎么看
[1:06:02] Is she going to be all right? 她会没事吗
[1:06:04] At this moment, it’s touch-and-go. 现在不好说 吉凶未卜
[1:06:07] Touch-and-go? 吉凶未卜
[1:06:08] You… You can wait there, if you want. 你可以在这里等候 如果你希望
[1:06:10] – Touch-and-go. – You’re in surgery with her? -吉凶未卜吗 -你给她做手术吗
[1:06:12] Yeah, I know. 是的
[1:06:19] Now, don’t worry. 别担心
[1:06:20] They have an excellent staff here. 这里的医护人员都很优秀
[1:06:22] You know, she’s an incredible woman. 她是个了不起的女性
[1:06:23] She practically raised me. 是她养育了我
[1:06:25] She’s been through a lot in her life. 她这一生经历了很多
[1:06:27] Sit down. Let me get you some tea. 坐 我给你倒点茶
[1:06:29] No, I’m too shaken up for tea. 我喝不下茶
[1:06:31] Well, perhaps I can scare up a whiskey? 威士忌怎么样
[1:06:33] Better idea. 好的
[1:06:35] You know, she shouldn’t be allowed to drive at her age. 她这个年纪就不应该再开车了
[1:06:36] Well, it’s in the hands of the doctors now. 现在就看医生们的了
[1:06:39] I know how helpless one feels, 我知道你感觉无助
[1:06:41] but all you can do is just keep calm and pray. 但现在你能做的只有保持冷静和祈祷
[1:06:45] Yes. 是的
[1:06:46] The power of prayer. 祈祷的力量
[1:06:49] Always ridiculed it. 我总是嘲笑祈祷的人
[1:06:50] Oh, as have I. 我也是
[1:06:52] And yet, some people swear by it. 但有人坚信不疑
[1:06:54] You know, I know this sounds crass, 我知道这听起来很蠢
[1:06:57] particularly coming from me, 特别是从我口中说出
[1:06:59] a man of science, but… 一个学科学的人
[1:07:01] If the worst happens, 但是如果最坏的情况出现
[1:07:03] at least through Sophie, 至少你可以通过苏菲
[1:07:05] you’ll be able to contact her spirit. 和她的精神联系上
[1:07:09] Yes. 是的
[1:07:11] Yes, that’s comforting, isn’t it? 是的 令人心安 不是吗
[1:07:12] Yes. 是的
[1:07:14] I never thought I’d say it, but yes. 我从未想过自己会这么说 但是的
[1:07:17] Well, you buck up, 你振作一点
[1:07:18] and I will find that whiskey. 我去找威士忌
[1:07:51] I don’t know if you can hear me 不知您是否能听见
[1:07:56] and I haven’t always led an exemplary life. I’ve… 我并不是一个带着信仰生活的人
[1:08:00] I’ve not only been a skeptic, 我不仅仅是怀疑者
[1:08:03] a non-believer, but been much worse… 不信者 比那更恶劣
[1:08:07] A man with contempt for, 我轻视
[1:08:10] for people who give themselves over to the idea that, 那些愿意去相信的人们
[1:08:14] that there’s some kind of benevolent father figure up there. 他们相信天上有一位爱众人的父
[1:08:20] I’ve always said it was childish, 我总说他们幼稚
[1:08:22] wishful thinking, strictly for primitives, 想当然 头脑原始
[1:08:24] all these, all these hopes about 所有这些愿望
[1:08:26] a purpose for life, 追求人生的目的
[1:08:27] a larger meaning. 人生的意义
[1:08:30] That all our suffering will somehow accrue to some 期望我们所受的苦
[1:08:34] greater plan. 有其意义
[1:08:40] But if what I see of late is real 但如果我日前所见为实
[1:08:46] then I don’t have all the answers. 那么 我并不知道所有的答案
[1:08:50] It’s possible, 那么很有可能
[1:08:52] even logical, that 甚至符合逻辑
[1:08:54] we are here by design, 认为我们的存在是出于造物主的意愿
[1:08:57] to serve some higher ideal. 为某种更高的理想服务
[1:09:01] And that you 并且 您
[1:09:04] could be real. 有可能确实存在
[1:09:09] And although I have no right to expect anything, 虽然我没有任何权利期待任何事
[1:09:14] my aunt, 但我的姑姑
[1:09:17] whom I love, 我挚爱的亲人
[1:09:18] is in mortal danger. 现在正处于生死之危中
[1:09:22] And so, I ask you… 所以 我祈求您
[1:09:26] l ask you… 我祈求您
[1:09:38] Wait a minute. 等一下
[1:09:44] This is the stupidest 这是我听过的
[1:09:46] load of twaddle I have ever heard. 最愚蠢的一堆胡话
[1:09:51] My common sense tells me, 我的常识告诉我
[1:09:53] I’m falling into a seductive morass 我正在掉进甜言蜜语的
[1:09:57] of sugarcoated claptrap 诱人泥沼
[1:09:59] because I want my aunt to be all right. 只因为我希望我的阿姨没有事
[1:10:05] That girl 那个姑娘
[1:10:08] is a fake. 是假冒的
[1:10:13] I told you the surgeons were wonderful. 我告诉过你这里的医生可以妙手回春
[1:10:14] Should I not stay? 我不用陪着吗
[1:10:15] Well, there’s nothing for you to do here. 这里没有你能做的事
[1:10:17] She’s sleeping comfortably. 她睡得很舒服
[1:10:18] She responded well to the drugs. 对药物的反应也很好
[1:10:20] The surgery went beautifully. 手术很顺利
[1:10:21] She’s out of danger. 她没有危险了
[1:10:23] You know, after you left, I began to pray for her. 你走了以后 我开始为她祈祷
[1:10:25] Really? 真的吗
[1:10:26] Then I rejected the entire notion as pure poppycock. 然后我意识到这整件事不过是一场闹剧
[1:10:30] And that includes Miss Sophie Baker. 这也包括苏菲·贝壳小姐
[1:10:32] Is that right? 是吗
[1:10:34] Well, if Sophie is a fraud, 如果苏菲是骗子
[1:10:36] then how does she do what she does? 她是怎么做到的
[1:11:06] on, Stanley! 斯坦利
[1:11:07] – Oh, we were all so worried. – So worried! -我们都很担心 -担心极了
[1:11:09] You can imagine how anxious we were about your Aunt Vanessa. 我能想象我们有多担心你的瓦妮莎姑姑吗
[1:11:12] Yes! 是啊
[1:11:13] Thank God! 感谢上帝
[1:11:14] Madam, I can assure you, 夫人我向你保证
[1:11:16] God had nothing to do with it. 上帝与此无关
[1:11:19] She had good doctors. 她遇到了好医生
[1:11:20] Yeah, we have all been on tenterhooks, Stanley. 我们都紧张极了 斯坦利
[1:11:24] Well, couldn’t Sophie have predicted the outcome 苏菲不能预见下结果
[1:11:26] and put all your minds at ease? 好让你们都放心吗
[1:11:28] Me? I didn’t even know. 我 我都不知道
[1:11:30] I was so mobbed by all the press, I… 媒体不肯放我走
[1:11:32] If I had known, 如果我知道
[1:11:33] I would have gone with you to the hospital. 我肯定会跟你一起去医院的
[1:11:35] Well, it’s all over. 都结束了
[1:11:36] And, “All’s well that ends well.” 结果好一切都好
[1:11:38] That’s not Dickens. 这次不是狄更斯
[1:11:41] Well, now that everything’s ended well, 既然一切都好
[1:11:43] shall we repair to the garden? 我们去花园吧
[1:11:45] – Brice? Mrs. Baker? – Me? Great idea. -布莱斯 贝克夫人 -好主意
[1:11:47] I’m so excited about the further details of the foundation. 我迫不及待想谈谈基金会的细节
[1:11:50] I want to talk over… 我想谈谈
[1:11:51] Actually, there are a few financial details… 事实上 有一些金融上的细节
[1:11:53] Mother, I’m just gonna stay here. 妈妈 我就留在这
[1:11:54] And thank you, by the way. 顺便 谢谢你
[1:11:55] And I really want to go into some detail 我很想谈谈细节
[1:11:58] about how much… 关于
[1:12:01] Stanley, I can’t imagine what has been going through your mind. 斯坦利 我无法想象你的心里都经历了什么
[1:12:04] I mean, Aunt Vanessa’s such a dear woman. 瓦妮莎阿姨是那么一位好女人
[1:12:07] Yes, well, a man in a hospital waiting room 当挚爱的亲人在手术刀下
[1:12:09] while a loved one is under the knife 一个人在医院等候室里
[1:12:10] has many feverish thoughts. 确实有很多头脑发热的想法
[1:12:12] I imagined that if I prayed 我想如果我祈祷
[1:12:14] my prayers might be heard. 也许能灵验
[1:12:17] You thought of praying? 你想要祈祷吗
[1:12:19] I never imagined I would hear those words. 我从没想过我会听到这些话
[1:12:22] And my ace in the hole, so to speak, was that… 而我的王牌 可以这么说
[1:12:25] Even if the worst had 就是 即使最坏的事发生了
[1:12:26] happened and Aunt Vanessa had sadly passed away, 瓦妮莎姑姑不幸过世
[1:12:28] you could always put me in touch with her in the spirit world, 我至少可以通过你和她保持联系
[1:12:30] and that… 而这一点
[1:12:32] That rather put a smile on my face. 确实让我心安不少
[1:12:34] Well, in the end, she pulled through. 最后 她挺过来了
[1:12:37] Well, you look exhausted. 你看起来累坏了
[1:12:39] Well, can you blame me? 这不能怪我
[1:12:40] What I need now is a good bath and a nap and… 我需要洗个澡 睡一觉
[1:12:44] So, if you’ll excuse me… 所以 请容许我先离开
[1:12:45] Yes, of course. 当然
[1:12:46] Stanley… 斯坦利
[1:12:49] Oh, I’m so relieved about Aunt Vanessa. 瓦妮莎阿姨还好让我松了一口气
[1:12:51] She’s such a marvelous woman. 她是那么不平凡的女人
[1:12:54] Yeah, she’s so lovely. 她非常可爱
[1:12:56] We should break open the champagne. 我们应该开一瓶香槟
[1:12:58] We should celebrate. 庆祝一下
[1:13:00] Aunt Vanessa’s recovered. 庆祝瓦妮莎阿姨的康复
[1:13:02] Not to mention that I find this whole thing 更不要说这整件事
[1:13:05] a most rewarding experience. 让我觉得收获颇丰
[1:13:10] You feel no remorse? 你不觉得懊悔吗
[1:13:13] Why should I feel remorse? 我为什么要懊悔
[1:13:14] Hoodwinking a lifelong friend. 欺骗一辈子的好友
[1:13:19] I see it quite differently. 我不那么看
[1:13:21] Hoodwinking is what we do. 我们的职业就是骗人
[1:13:24] Now, you’ve got to understand that since we were boys, 你要知道 从我们还是孩子时起
[1:13:26] I have played second fiddle 我就是他的陪衬
[1:13:28] to that egomaniacal, self-regarding… 那个自大狂 只关心自己的
[1:13:30] Genius. 天才
[1:13:31] Yeah, he’s a genius at what he does, 他在魔术上确实是个天才
[1:13:32] and I turned out to be a mere mortal. 而我不过是凡人
[1:13:35] But now, after years of trailing in his wake, 但现在 追随了他这么多年后
[1:13:39] and I admit, some envy and resentment, 我承认 我对他有些嫉妒和怨恨
[1:13:41] I have finally put one over the great Wei Ling Soo. 我终于蒙骗过了伟大的苏魏灵
[1:13:45] I have fooled the man who could not be fooled. 我愚弄了那个不会被愚弄的男人
[1:13:50] Not quite, Howard. 并没有 霍华德
[1:13:54] How did… 怎么
[1:13:55] You admired this effect when you saw my show in Berlin. 你在柏林看演出的时候说过你很憧憬这个技法
[1:13:58] I said I’d teach it to you if you behaved yourself, 我说过如果你表现得好的话我就教你
[1:14:00] but you have not behaved. 但你没有好好表现
[1:14:03] It’s a trick, Sophie. 这是魔术 苏菲
[1:14:05] I don’t really dematerialize and reassemble my ectoplasm 我并没有真的消失又重新出现
[1:14:08] any more than you contact spirits or read minds. 就像你也没有真的与灵魂沟通 也不会读心
[1:14:12] Stanley, I can explain… 斯坦利 我可以解释
[1:14:13] I watched you so closely. 我那么仔细地观察你
[1:14:16] Howard watched your mother, 霍华德观察着你妈妈
[1:14:18] but who watched Howard? 但谁来盯着霍华德
[1:14:22] You were free to rap on the table. 你可以敲响桌子
[1:14:24] You seized the floating candle, 你抓住了那支漂浮的蜡烛
[1:14:25] you swore there were no wires making it float, 你发誓说没有线
[1:14:27] and I took you at your word. 我信了你的话
[1:14:30] You were free to rap once for yes, twice for no. 你可以敲一下表示是 两下表示否
[1:14:32] And when Sophie excused herself at my aunt’s 苏菲在我姑姑家打电话的时候
[1:14:35] to make a telephone call, she called you 她打给了你
[1:14:39] and you fed her information about my aunt. 然后你告诉她关于我的姑姑的消息
[1:14:44] At first, I couldn’t believe 一开始 我不能相信
[1:14:45] you would betray me like that. 你会这样背叛我
[1:14:48] But, as you know, 但你也知道
[1:14:49] I am a misanthrope. 我不相信人性
[1:14:52] And that people do unconscionable things 一个人做一些不齿之事
[1:14:54] does not run counter to my normal view of humanity. 与我对人性的看法并不冲突
[1:14:57] As boys, we both chose magic as our calling. 从小 我们都选了魔术作为追求
[1:15:01] We both practiced day and night, I as much as you. 我们都夜以继日练习 我和你练习得一样多
[1:15:04] My skill was the equal of yours, 我的技巧和你一样好
[1:15:07] and yet, you emerged onto the world stage as the great artist. 然而你却成为了世界舞台上的伟大艺术家
[1:15:12] But it wasn’t fair. 这不公平
[1:15:13] Life’s not fair, Howard. 人生从来不公平 霍华德
[1:15:16] In fact, as a general rule, as I’ve often said, 事实上 像我常说的 最基本的规则就是
[1:15:18] it’s pretty nasty. 生活充满了恶意
[1:15:22] Because of Sophie, 因为苏菲
[1:15:24] I began to succumb to magical thinking. 我开始依赖美好的想法
[1:15:28] And for a while, I was actually happy. 有一段时间 我真的很幸福
[1:15:32] But I was happy as a fool is happy. 但那时的我不过是个幸福的傻瓜
[1:15:34] Happiness is not the natural human condition. 幸福不是人类的自然状态
[1:15:37] And incidentally, you never practiced as much as I did, 另外 你从来没有我练习得多
[1:15:39] and your skill was never equal to mine. 你的技术也从来没有我好
[1:15:41] Stanley, I’m sorry, I’m sorry… 斯坦利 对不起 对不起
[1:15:43] I ran into Howard here when he was sent to expose me, and he… 我认识霍华德是因为有人请他来揭穿我
[1:15:46] He did expose me, quite easily. 他确实揭穿了我 非常轻易地
[1:15:49] But we made this private pact to do this scheme, 但我们暗中达成协议
[1:15:51] and I only agreed because it meant so much to Mom and me. 我同意只因为这对母亲和我意味着太多
[1:15:56] I view your behavior as 我看你的行为就像
[1:15:58] a great man views the malicious mischief of… 一个伟人看一个 怎么说呢
[1:16:02] What shall we say, pygmy? 侏儒的恶意伤害
[1:16:04] You’re a fake. 你是假冒的
[1:16:06] As I always should have known, and did, in my heart. 我应该知道这一点 而且心底里我是知道的
[1:16:09] I only wish I hadn’t wasted so much time with you. 我只希望我没有在你身上浪费那么多时间
[1:16:13] Well, now you’re just being a pompous stick in the mud. 现在你不过是个妄尊自大的混蛋
[1:16:18] We played an elaborate joke on you, Stanley. 我们不过是跟你开了一个玩笑
[1:16:20] No one was harmed. 没人受伤
[1:16:22] My reputation will suffer, 我的名誉受损了
[1:16:23] and you played me for a fool. 你们把我当傻子一样耍
[1:16:25] Your reputation is all ego! 你的名誉不过是你的自大
[1:16:28] I’ve… 我
[1:16:29] Yes, yes, things got out of hand, 没错 事情有一点失控
[1:16:31] but no awful thing happened. 但没有什么糟糕的事情发生
[1:16:33] I mean, you were… You were happy. 你之前那么幸福
[1:16:35] And you enjoyed life for once. 你享受过生活
[1:16:37] You saw the world as optimists see the world. 你以乐观者的角度看这个世界
[1:16:40] And we had some laughs together, 我们一起分享的那些欢乐
[1:16:42] so don’t say that you wasted your time with me. 别说你在我身上浪费了时间
[1:16:44] What would you have been doing? 不然你会干什么呢
[1:16:46] Sitting in your room and shuffling cards in front of a mirror? 坐在房间里 在镜子前面练习洗牌吗
[1:16:50] All my optimism was an illusion. 我的乐观不过是幻象
[1:16:52] Well, I started reading that book 我读了那本书
[1:16:54] by that German philosopher, you know, that you gave me? 那个德国哲学家写的 你给我的
[1:16:57] I didn’t really understand much of it, 我没怎么看懂
[1:16:59] but he said that we need our illusions to live. 但是他说我们需要幻觉才能活下去
[1:17:02] You mean lies. 你是说谎言
[1:17:04] You were much happier 你之前比现在快乐多了
[1:17:05] when you let some lies into your life, Stanley. 当你允许生活中有谎言存在的时候 斯坦利
[1:17:07] Think about it, Stanley, 想想吧 斯坦利
[1:17:08] do you really want to ruin the peace of mind Grace Catledge has, 你真的想毁掉格蕾丝·卡特莱奇心灵的平静
[1:17:11] secure in the knowledge that she is her husband’s only love? 确信自己是丈夫唯一的爱
[1:17:15] We can’t go around deluding ourselves. 我们不能欺骗自己
[1:17:17] But we must. 我们必须欺骗自己
[1:17:19] If we’re to get through life. 如果我们想度过一生的话
[1:17:22] I mean, I didn’t say it, 不是我说的
[1:17:24] I’m just quoting, you know, Mister… 我只是引用 那位
[1:17:28] Nietzsche. 尼采
[1:17:29] And, in the end, who really knows what’s real and what’s not? 最后 谁又能知道什么是真 什么是假
[1:17:33] Well, it’s quite clear what’s real, 很清楚什么是真的
[1:17:34] my praying for my aunt was poppycock, 我为姑姑祈祷不过是闹剧
[1:17:36] the doctor’s skill was real. 医生的技术是真的
[1:17:37] No. You will never know that, because George, 不 你永远也不会知道 因为乔治
[1:17:40] Caroline’s husband, the psychoanalyst, 卡洛琳的丈夫 那个心理分析师
[1:17:43] told me that he was praying for your aunt, too. 跟我说他也为你的姑姑祈祷了
[1:17:45] And so we don’t know if maybe 我们无法知道
[1:17:47] it was his prayers that got answered. 是否是他的祈祷得到了回应
[1:17:49] Maybe the angels like him better. 也许天使们更喜欢他
[1:17:51] I won’t dignify this conversation any longer. 再继续跟你说下去我的智商要归零了
[1:17:54] I’m going to go and visit my Aunt Vanessa 我要去拜访瓦妮莎姑姑
[1:17:56] until she’s on her feet, and then good-bye. 她一康复 我就离开
[1:17:59] And you won’t forgive me? 你不能原谅我吗
[1:18:01] Well, I can’t forgive you. 我做不到
[1:18:03] Only God can forgive you. 只有上帝能原谅你
[1:18:05] But you said there is no God. 但是你说上帝不存在
[1:18:09] Precisely my point. 正是这个意思
[1:18:27] Lovers depend on moonlight for a love affair 情人依赖月光产生爱意
[1:18:33] Babies depend on mothers for their tender care 婴儿依赖母亲的温柔照顾
[1:18:39] Flowers depend on sunshine and the morning dew 花朵依赖阳光和晨露
[1:18:45] Each thing depends on something 每一件事物都依赖着另一件事物
[1:18:48] And I depend on you 而我依赖着你
[1:18:53] I can be happy, I can be sad 我可以开心 可以哀伤
[1:18:56] I can be good, I can be bad 可以好 可以坏
[1:18:59] It all depends on you 一切都依赖你的决定
[1:19:05] I can be lonely out in a crowd 我可以在人群中依然孤单
[1:19:07] I can be humble 我可以谦卑
[1:19:09] Oh, it’s good to be home. 回到家真好
[1:19:10] More robust than ever, I’ll wager. 比以往更有活力了 要我说
[1:19:13] “What doesn’t kill me makes me stronger.” 杀不死你的让你更强壮
[1:19:16] A great man said that. 一个伟人那么说过
[1:19:18] Oh, not the “God is dead” Fellow. 不是那个说上帝已死的家伙吧
[1:19:20] The very same. 正是
[1:19:21] Nevertheless, I think he was wrong. 无论如何 我认为他错了
[1:19:22] What doesn’t kill us often knocks the hell out of us. 杀不死我们的通常会把我们折腾得半死
[1:19:24] Well, sometimes a close call wakes a person up. 悬崖勒马使人清醒
[1:19:30] I’ve had another idea for our honeymoon. 度蜜月的计划我又有一个主意
[1:19:32] What if, after the Greek Islands, 如果 在希腊群岛游玩之后
[1:19:34] we set sail for the South Seas. 我们向南太平洋进发
[1:19:35] I’ve always wanted to visit Bora Bora. 我一直想去波拉波拉岛
[1:19:37] Would that interest you? 你有兴趣吗
[1:19:39] I’ve never… I’ve never heard of it, 我从没听过那里
[1:19:41] but the name sounds pretty exotic. 但是名字听起来很有异域风情
[1:19:43] Exotic? 异域风情
[1:19:46] I love how you pick always the exact right word. 我喜欢你总是能挑出最合适的词
[1:19:52] Yes, of course, Olivia. 当然 奥利维亚
[1:19:53] I’ll be home in a few days. 我过两天就回家
[1:19:55] I just have to see that Aunt Vanessa is up and running, 但是我需要先确认瓦妮莎姑姑没事才行
[1:19:58] and, uh, I have one or two press interviews I have to do. 还要再召开一两场记者招待会
[1:20:01] Some things need to be smoothed over. 有些事情需要澄清
[1:20:03] This is where I could use your tact. 我需要借助你的手腕
[1:20:05] Yes, of course. Yes. 当然 当然
[1:20:07] Bye, darling. 再见 亲爱的
[1:20:11] I bet you’ll be glad to get back to London 我打赌你很高兴能回伦敦
[1:20:13] and put all this behind you. 忘记这一切
[1:20:17] You might enjoy the Galapagos. 你也许会喜欢加拉帕戈斯群岛
[1:20:20] You’re a great admirer of Darwin’s. 你那么崇拜达尔文
[1:20:22] Big turtles. Yes, I suppose so. 大龟群岛 也许吧
[1:20:26] And of course, you must miss Olivia. 你肯定也想奥利维亚了
[1:20:33] A very fine woman. I can tell that from her photographs. 那么优秀的女人 从照片就能看出来
[1:20:37] Such elegance and style. 优雅有品位
[1:20:39] Absolutely perfect for a man of your taste. 对你这样的男人来说完美
[1:20:41] Well, yes, it’s… There’s no question. 是 没有疑问
[1:20:44] We’re ideally suited. 我们是理想的伴侣
[1:20:46] A very… And you need a well-educated woman 你需要一个受过良好教育的女人
[1:20:50] to keep up with you. 才能跟上你的脚步
[1:20:53] And she’s quite attractive, to boot. 而且她看起来也很美
[1:20:55] Yes, yes, it’s very easy to see us 没错 很容易就能想象
[1:20:58] side by side through life’s journey. 我和她并肩度过人生旅程
[1:21:01] A very handsome couple indeed. 金童玉女
[1:21:04] Yes, there’s no question. We’re ideally suited. 没有错 我们是理想的伴侣
[1:21:07] As you would say. 正如你所说的
[1:21:09] A quite rational choice. 是个理性之选
[1:21:12] I mean, it’s not entirely cerebral. 其实 并不完全理智
[1:21:15] I mean, I do love her. 我是爱她
[1:21:17] What are you suggesting? 你想暗示什么
[1:21:19] – Suggesting? – In the nuance of your tone? -暗示? -你奇怪的语气
[1:21:22] Of course I love her. 我当然爱她
[1:21:24] Or are you saying 你是说
[1:21:26] you think I’ve come to love Sophie Baker? 你觉得我爱上苏菲·贝壳了吗
[1:21:28] Me? I never mentioned Sophie. 我? 我可没提苏菲
[1:21:30] Well, I thought you were heading there. 我看你就是这个意思
[1:21:32] Sophie Baker? 苏菲·贝壳
[1:21:33] The little fake who played you for a dupe? 耍你的那个小骗子吗
[1:21:34] Exactly. That wretch. 没错 正是那个家伙
[1:21:36] Why would I suggest you’ve fallen in love with Sophie? 我为什么会暗示你爱上了苏菲
[1:21:38] Well, you might. 你就是可能会这样
[1:21:40] I never know what goes on 我又不知道
[1:21:41] in that devious mind of yours. 你有什么奇思怪想
[1:21:42] The very idea of you and that specious American telepathic. 你要是和那个徒有虚名的美国灵媒在一起
[1:21:47] Well, I know it defies all reason. 我知道 太不明智了
[1:21:49] You, a creature of reason. A man of intellect. 你是个理性之人 理智之人
[1:21:53] To be sure. 的确
[1:21:54] Certainly not trivial. 又不是泛泛之辈
[1:21:56] No, to say the least. 起码不是
[1:21:57] And she’s hardly in the same class as Olivia. 而她和奥利维亚可没法比
[1:22:01] The comparison makes me laugh. 不可同日而语
[1:22:03] Olivia is a person of accomplishment and charm. 奥利维亚才华横溢 魅力四射
[1:22:05] Sophie’s a street finagler 苏菲只是个街头骗子
[1:22:07] who makes her way living off one bit of hokum to the next. 靠一个又一个骗人的伎俩过活
[1:22:10] Well, I don’t see how you can compare the two. 这两个人怎么能相提并论呢
[1:22:12] Well, don’t put ideas into my head! 那就别给我灌输这样的想法
[1:22:15] Well, far be it from me. 我才没有
[1:22:23] Of course, she does come from dire circumstances. 不过 她的确身世惨淡
[1:22:26] I mean, it’s very easy to be judgmental 我是说 我们很容易
[1:22:28] about people who are born into circumstances 对身世不如自己的人
[1:22:30] less fortunate than one’s own. 评头论足
[1:22:32] Life is harsh. 生活是残酷的
[1:22:34] One must do what one must to survive. 人们为了生存不惜一切手段
[1:22:36] Well put. 说得好
[1:22:37] And people do sometimes make the wrong choices, 人们有时会抉择错误
[1:22:39] which they regret, 而感到后悔
[1:22:41] even though no serious harm was done. 尽管没有造成严重后果
[1:22:45] Which of us has not made some blunders in life? 孰能无错呢
[1:22:48] And there is a rather appealing quality about Sophie. 纵使所做所为令人生厌
[1:22:52] Despite her disgusting behavior. 苏菲还是有相当大的魅力
[1:22:54] Yes, her smile is rather winning. 是的 她的笑容真让人着迷
[1:22:58] Of course, it depends how much value 当然 这取决于
[1:23:00] you put on the purely physical. 你有多重视外表
[1:23:01] Well, no, I… 不 我
[1:23:03] I, for one, esteem the higher virtues. 我是个尊重美德的人
[1:23:06] Beauty of the soul. 心灵美
[1:23:11] Although her eyes are rather pleasant to look into. 不过 她的眼睛的确美极了
[1:23:15] And that she can be amusing, under the right circumstances. 而且有些时候 她也很幽默
[1:23:17] Oh, but Olivia is an educated, 但奥利维亚是个受过教育的
[1:23:20] cultivated woman. 有修养的女人
[1:23:21] One that befits a man of your artistic genius. 更适合你这种艺术家
[1:23:24] Yes, now, my genius must be factored in. 对 我的艺术天赋也要考虑进来
[1:23:27] On paper, there’s really no reason 理论上 没有理由
[1:23:29] to prefer Sophie to Olivia. 选苏菲而不选奥利维亚
[1:23:31] Well, I would say the opposite. 我认为刚好相反
[1:23:35] And so your suggestion that I, 所以你建议我
[1:23:38] I be honest with Olivia 像奥利维亚坦白
[1:23:39] and tell her that irrational as it seems, 告诉她 尽管看起来不理性
[1:23:42] I’ve fallen in love with Sophie, 我还是爱上了苏菲
[1:23:45] that’s a preposterous notion. 这太荒唐了
[1:23:47] It’s lunacy. 简直是疯了
[1:23:52] Yet I can’t help feeling that… 但我情不自禁地…
[1:23:54] That you love Sophie. 爱上了苏菲
[1:23:57] Yes, I understand. 是的 我知道
[1:23:58] You’re puzzled and bewildered 你感到迷惑不解
[1:24:00] because your foolish logic 因为按照你愚蠢的逻辑
[1:24:02] tells you that you should love Olivia. 你应该爱奥利维亚
[1:24:05] Foolish logic? 愚蠢的逻辑
[1:24:06] And yet, how little that logic means 然而 和苏菲的笑容相比
[1:24:09] when placed next to Sophie’s smile. 那逻辑多么微不足道
[1:24:12] What are you saying? 你是什么意思
[1:24:15] That the world may or may not be without purpose, 无论这世界是不是有意
[1:24:19] but it’s not totally without some kind of magic. 它都不是完全不存在魔法的
[1:24:24] I have irrational positive feelings for Sophie Baker. 我确实对苏菲·贝壳有不理智的感情
[1:24:29] It’s like witnessing a trick I can’t figure out. 就像目睹了一场我拆不穿的骗局
[1:24:31] I wouldn’t try to figure it out. I’d simply move on it. 我才不会去拆穿 这么说吧
[1:24:34] Word is, she’s already accepted Brice Catledge’s proposal. 据说 她已经接受了布莱斯·卡特莱奇的求婚
[1:24:56] Taken to reading the great books? 开始读名著了吗
[1:25:01] Yes. 是的
[1:25:03] Well, you once said not to despair. 你说过不要灰心
[1:25:07] There’s hope for my brain. 我的头脑还有救
[1:25:09] Perhaps I was a bit caustic. 我之前也许有些刻薄
[1:25:12] But you will admit you were guilty 但你得承认
[1:25:13] of some rather sleazy doings. 你的一些行为并不光彩
[1:25:17] Yes, well, those days are over. 是的 以后不会了
[1:25:19] I no longer have to worry about 我再也不用担心
[1:25:21] where to sleep and how to eat. 会挨饿受冻了
[1:25:25] I take it Brice Catledge has made a serious marriage proposal? 听说布莱斯·卡特莱奇已经求婚了
[1:25:29] Yes. 是的
[1:25:30] A very tempting one. 很诱人
[1:25:32] Wouldn’t you agree? 你不觉得吗
[1:25:34] Yes, I suppose so. 是的 我也觉得
[1:25:36] But I’m here to make you a more tempting one. 但我提出的更诱人
[1:25:39] More tempting than this? 比这个更诱人吗
[1:25:42] I came to say 我是来说
[1:25:44] that for some inexplicable reason 出于令人费解的原因
[1:25:46] that defies common sense and human understanding, 尽管有违常识 出乎人类理解力
[1:25:50] that I have, of late, 我 最近
[1:25:52] experienced some small… 对你的笑容
[1:25:54] Quite small, but discernible 产生了一点 一点点
[1:25:57] inner stirrings regarding your smile. 但却察觉得到的心动
[1:26:00] How magnanimous of you. 你可真宽宏大量
[1:26:02] Yes, I thought you’d think so. 是的 我知道你会这么想
[1:26:04] And possessing a soul which is large 我像所有的伟人一样
[1:26:06] and capable of complexity, as all great minds are, 气量不凡 胸怀宽广
[1:26:09] I have decided to forgive you 决定原谅你
[1:26:11] and take you under my wing. 并将你护入羽下
[1:26:15] Your wing? 羽下?
[1:26:17] It’s a saying. Obviously, I don’t have wings. 只是个说法 显然我没有翅膀
[1:26:20] I only mean that, 我的意思是
[1:26:22] incredible as it sounds, 尽管听起来不可思议
[1:26:24] and this is no small gesture, given the time wasted 而且这并不是件小事
[1:26:26] and the public embarrassment you’ve caused me, 鉴于你浪费我时间 又使我当众出丑
[1:26:28] that I’m 我还是
[1:26:30] willing to take you back. 愿意接纳你
[1:26:33] Take me back where? 接纳我到哪
[1:26:35] Under the moon in the observatory. 天文台的月光下
[1:26:38] I regretted what I was doing, 我对所作所为感到后悔
[1:26:42] but I was too inept to change course, 但已无法改变
[1:26:44] and I apologize. 我很抱歉
[1:26:48] Really. 真的
[1:26:49] And I accept your forgiveness. 我也接受你的原谅
[1:26:50] I understand that it’s very generous of you, 我知道你很有气度
[1:26:53] and I have to be going. 我得走了
[1:26:54] Going? I haven’t said what I came for. 走? 我还没说我来的目的呢
[1:26:57] Well, then just say it and go, 那就快说 说完快走
[1:26:59] because I have a dinner to go to with my fiance. 我还得和未婚夫共进晚餐
[1:27:02] I’m here to say 我想说
[1:27:04] that in spite of everything, 尽管发生了这么多事
[1:27:07] I am willing to consider marrying you. 我还是愿意娶你为妻
[1:27:10] – What? – Naturally, -什么 -当然
[1:27:12] you can’t believe your good fortune. 你不敢相信自己多么的幸运
[1:27:14] I appreciate that. 我欣赏你这一点
[1:27:16] Stanley, brilliant as you are with a deck of cards, 斯坦利 尽管你的纸牌玩得出神入化
[1:27:19] you are terrible at proposing. 求婚可真烂
[1:27:24] I’ve never proposed before. 我从未求过婚
[1:27:25] Oh, really? 真的吗
[1:27:26] Not even to your fiance? 对你未婚妻也没求吗
[1:27:29] She proposed marriage. 是她提议结婚的
[1:27:31] The truth is I’ve never really felt the urge to propose before. 实际上 我从未有冲动要求婚
[1:27:34] Use your head! 你好好想想
[1:27:35] We’re not a match made in heaven, 我们可不是天作之合
[1:27:38] and as you’ve said before many times, 而且你以前总说
[1:27:41] when the heart rules the head, disaster follows. 随心所欲 会引致悲剧
[1:27:45] But the fact is 但事实是
[1:27:47] I love you. 我爱你
[1:27:50] And somewhere in your confused, 而且 在你那颗困惑的
[1:27:52] black, little criminal’s heart, 坏透的 小罪犯的心里
[1:27:54] you care for me. 你在乎我
[1:27:55] I’m marrying Brice Catledge. 我要嫁给布莱斯·卡特莱奇
[1:27:58] You advised me to. 你建议我这么做的
[1:28:00] You must never take my advice. 可你从未接受过我的建议
[1:28:01] I’m a major eccentric. 我是个极其古怪的人
[1:28:02] You know, Brice adores me, 布莱斯爱慕我
[1:28:04] and he offers me a life of travel 能让我一辈子四处旅行
[1:28:07] and excitement and high living. 给我惊喜 过上阔绰的生活
[1:28:09] No, no, 不 不
[1:28:10] he worships you, and you don’t want to be worshiped. 他是崇拜你 但你想被崇拜的
[1:28:12] You’ll be bored. 你会无聊的
[1:28:13] Oh. Sailing to the Greek Islands? 航行去希腊群岛
[1:28:15] And Bora Bora? 去博拉博拉岛吗
[1:28:17] Well, they’re just, they’re just rocks in the ocean! 那只是大海中的几块石头
[1:28:19] It’s who you go with! 重要的是谁陪你去
[1:28:21] Do you want to spend the rest of your life with a man 你想和那个弹四弦琴对你唱歌的人
[1:28:22] who plays the ukulele and croons to you? 过一辈子吗
[1:28:26] You know I like you very much, Stanley. 你知道我很喜欢你 斯坦利
[1:28:29] I even began falling in love with you. 我甚至爱上了你
[1:28:33] But when you went on to show me how irrational it was, 但你却告诉我这不理性
[1:28:38] and then you proved it 然后还用几何逻辑
[1:28:40] with geometrical logic. 向我证明多么不理性
[1:28:42] No. Geometry was never my strong subject. 不 几何向来不是我的强项
[1:28:44] After all, what can you offer me? 说到底 你能给我什么呢
[1:28:47] Grumpy moods? 暴脾气
[1:28:49] Insults? 羞辱
[1:28:50] Pessimistic grumbling 悲观地抱怨
[1:28:52] about how awful life is for all of us? 我们的人生多糟糕吗
[1:28:55] Well, around you, I’m not gloomy. 在你身边我并不悲观
[1:28:57] That’s only because I fooled you 那是因为我骗了你
[1:28:59] into thinking that there’s more to life than meets the eye. 让你以为人生还有更多不可见的事物
[1:29:02] No, no, I have not lost my pessimism, 对 对 我还是悲观厌世
[1:29:05] but you are like an oasis in the grim desert. 但你就像荒漠中的绿洲
[1:29:10] And as far as what I can offer you, 至于我能提供给你的
[1:29:12] life with a brilliant and witty genius. 是精彩绝伦 妙趣横生的生活
[1:29:17] I have to go. 我得走了
[1:29:18] No, this is your last offer. 别走 这是你最后的机会
[1:29:20] You must not be an ingrate. 你不能忘恩负义
[1:29:21] Good-bye, Stanley. 再见 斯坦利
[1:29:22] I will not stand around here, cap in hand, 我不会再谦卑地站在这
[1:29:25] waiting for some halfpenny con artist to be my bride! 等一个小骗子答应嫁给我了
[1:29:29] This is it. You don’t agree now, 就这样 你若现在不同意
[1:29:30] offer’s off the table. 以后就没机会了
[1:29:32] Do you hear me? 你听到了吗
[1:29:34] You irritating Lilliputian! 你这个讨厌的小人
[1:29:35] You’re throwing away your passport to paradise! 你是在丢掉去往天堂的机会
[1:29:40] Can you forgive me, Stanley? 你可以原谅我嘛 斯坦利
[1:29:42] Oh, I have forgiven you, Howard, 我已经原谅你了 霍华德
[1:29:44] as I’ve forgiven Sophie. 正如我原谅了苏菲
[1:29:46] I agree, I needed a pie in the face. 我承认 我是需要一点羞辱
[1:29:49] Well, I saw a side of you in this I’ve never seen before. 由此我见识到了你从未展现的一面
[1:29:51] It was refreshing. 真是让人耳目一新
[1:29:53] Even now, 即便到现在
[1:29:54] Sophie’s smile still penetrates my soul. 苏菲的笑容仍能穿透我的灵魂
[1:29:57] Now you believe we have souls? 现在你相信我们有灵魂了
[1:30:00] No, I believe each of us 不 我相信我们每个人
[1:30:01] must find a reason to truly embrace life, 都需要一个真正拥抱生活的原因
[1:30:04] and for me, Sophie is that reason. 对我来说 苏菲就是那个原因
[1:30:06] Well, if nothing else, it’s made you certain 这么说来 你可以肯定的是
[1:30:09] it would’ve been a mistake to marry Olivia. 娶奥利维亚是个错误
[1:30:12] I spoke to Olivia on the telephone. 我和奥利维亚通过电话了
[1:30:14] She’s much less upset than I’d anticipated. 她并没我预想的那么难过
[1:30:16] Very calm, very reasonable. 而是非常平静 非常理性
[1:30:20] She’s in the Galapagos. 她在加拉帕戈斯群岛
[1:30:21] She said she was disappointed, 她说她很失望
[1:30:24] but she understood that these things happen, 但她理解这一切
[1:30:26] and if I was still going to feel this way when I returned, 如果我带着这些情感回去
[1:30:29] it’s much better we found out now. 不如现在就说清
[1:30:31] What a lovely, rational human being. 真是个可爱又理性的人
[1:30:33] I should look her up. 我应该去拜访她
[1:30:35] She’s bright, pretty, she likes magicians. 她聪明漂亮 又喜欢魔术师
[1:31:17] Well, how did it go? 怎么样
[1:31:19] Can you believe she turned me down? 你能相信吗 她居然拒绝我
[1:31:23] Poor Stanley. 可怜的斯坦利
[1:31:25] That scamp could’ve had me, 那个骗子本可以拥有我的
[1:31:28] but instead, she chose Brice Catledge. 但却选择了布莱斯·卡特莱奇
[1:31:31] Well, he is very rich and good-looking. 他有钱 而且很英俊
[1:31:34] She’d have been happier with me. 她跟我在一起会更快乐
[1:31:36] So in the end, you lost her. 最后 你还是失去了她
[1:31:38] It’s sad, because 真令人悲伤
[1:31:41] there really was something between us. 因为我们之间确实有些什么
[1:31:44] Some chemistry. Some magic. 有火花 有魔力
[1:31:48] And I say chemistry or magic because… 我说有火花和魔力 是因为
[1:31:51] I believe I actually loved her from the first, 我从第一眼见到她时
[1:31:54] first moment I laid eyes on her. 就爱上了她
[1:31:56] Well, love at first sight is a kind of magic, isn’t it? 一见钟情就是一种魔力 不是吗
[1:32:00] You need a drink. What will you have? 喝点东西吧 要什么
[1:32:02] A scotch, please. 威士忌
[1:32:04] In the end, she proved to be a fool. 最后愚蠢的还是她
[1:32:07] You mean to choose that handsome young millionaire 因为选择那个年轻帅气的富翁
[1:32:09] over you? 而不选你吗
[1:32:10] Well, she may come to her senses. 她会想明白的
[1:32:12] Women do change their mind about such things. 这种事情上 女人就是善变
[1:32:15] Well, it’s too late… I’ve taken the offer off the table. 太晚了 我不会等她
[1:32:18] I’ll not let myself be pushed around by big eyes 我才不会任由那双大眼睛
[1:32:21] and a smile. 和她的笑容摆布
[1:32:25] Although she’s much more. 尽管她有的远不止这些
[1:32:29] But she had her chance, and she said no. 但是机会给她了 是她拒绝的
[1:32:31] You mean if she changed her mind, 你是说 如果她改变心意
[1:32:33] you wouldn’t accept her? 你也不接受她了吗
[1:32:34] It’s too late. 太晚了
[1:32:36] Oh, you can’t be that stubborn. 你该不会那么顽固吧
[1:32:40] Well, l suppose if she woke up and realized how happy 如果她能清醒地意识到
[1:32:45] she’d be with me, 跟我在一起会多么幸福
[1:32:46] how much more fun she’d have in life, 她的生活会多么快乐
[1:32:50] how much I’d come to love her. 我会多么的爱她
[1:32:53] She gave nothing back. 她却没有任何回应
[1:32:55] She gave you no sign at all that she cared? 她一点也没表示出在乎吗
[1:32:59] If she’d given me a sign, 如果她能给我一点回应
[1:33:03] I’d have taken her in my arms, carried her off 我会搂着她 抱起她
[1:33:06] and married her. 娶她为妻
[1:33:10] All I was looking for was one sign. 我只求一点点回应
[1:33:21] Sophie? 是苏菲吗
[1:33:31] Will you marry me? 嫁给我好吗
2014年 Tags:伍迪艾伦

Post navigation

Previous Post: Phantom Thread(魅影缝匠)[2017]电影台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
Next Post: Tangled(魔发奇缘)[2010]电影台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Archives

  • July 2024
  • June 2024

Categories

  • 1931年
  • 1939年
  • 1941年
  • 1942年
  • 1943年
  • 1944年
  • 1948年
  • 1952年
  • 1953年
  • 1954年
  • 1955年
  • 1956年
  • 1957年
  • 1958年
  • 1959年
  • 1960年
  • 1961年
  • 1962年
  • 1963年
  • 1964年
  • 1966年
  • 1967年
  • 1968年
  • 1969年
  • 1970年
  • 1971年
  • 1972年
  • 1973年
  • 1974年
  • 1975年
  • 1976年
  • 1977年
  • 1978年
  • 1979年
  • 1980年
  • 1981年
  • 1982年
  • 1983年
  • 1984年
  • 1985年
  • 1986年
  • 1987年
  • 1988年
  • 1989年
  • 1990年
  • 1991年
  • 1992年
  • 1993年
  • 1994年
  • 1995年
  • 1996年
  • 1997年
  • 1998年
  • 1999年
  • 2000年
  • 2001年
  • 2002年
  • 2003年
  • 2004年
  • 2005年
  • 2006年
  • 2007年
  • 2008年
  • 2009年
  • 2010年
  • 2011年
  • 2012年
  • 2013年
  • 2014年
  • 2015年
  • 2016年
  • 2017年
  • 2018年
  • 2019年
  • 2020年
  • 2021年
  • 2022年
  • 2023年
  • 2024年
  • barui
  • Uncategorized
  • 一切安好
  • 中央公园
  • 亢奋
  • 亿万
  • 传世
  • 兄弟连
  • 克拉丽丝
  • 克拉克森的农场
  • 内裤队长
  • 副警长
  • 十字剑
  • 博斯
  • 卡特特工
  • 双城之战
  • 发展受阻
  • 叶卡捷琳娜大帝
  • 哈哈大校
  • 坏法官
  • 坏老师
  • 基本演绎法
  • 大城小妞
  • 大学生费莉希蒂
  • 大神偷卡门
  • 大西洋帝国
  • 天使在美国
  • 娃娃脸
  • 小小安妮
  • 小谎大事
  • 少年间谍亚历克斯
  • 布里奇顿
  • 幻灭
  • 废柴联盟
  • 康斯坦丁
  • 开心汉堡店
  • 德古拉
  • 德里女孩
  • 怒呛人生
  • 恋爱挑战书
  • 惊异传奇
  • 惊悚50州
  • 意乱情迷
  • 成瘾剂量
  • 我为喜剧狂
  • 找寻自我
  • 摩斯探长前传
  • 教师情事
  • 敢不敢挑战我
  • 新成长的烦恼
  • 日常谜团
  • 明日传奇
  • 星际之门亚特兰蒂斯
  • 更美好的事
  • 末日巡逻队
  • 杀无赦
  • 柏林谍影
  • 死亡医师
  • 比弗利娇妻
  • 波士顿法律
  • 火线警告
  • 灵书妙探
  • 犯罪心理
  • 犯罪现场调查·拉斯维加斯
  • 犯罪现场调查·纽约篇
  • 犯罪现场调查迈阿密
  • 狂欢命案
  • 狄金森
  • 狗狗博客
  • 生活
  • 生活大爆炸
  • 眼见为虚
  • 破产姐妹
  • 破发点大满贯之路
  • 神烦警探
  • 红粉联盟
  • 绝命律师
  • 绝命毒师
  • 绝望的主妇
  • 绿箭侠
  • 罪恶黑名单
  • 美国众神
  • 美国恐怖故事
  • 美国罪案故事
  • 美女上错身
  • 美式主妇
  • 脆莓公园
  • 致命陷阱
  • 艾米丽在巴黎
  • 芝加哥急救
  • 芝加哥烈焰
  • 芝加哥警署
  • 蛇蝎女佣
  • 贴身保镖
  • 达芬奇的恶魔
  • 迷失
  • 逃离丹尼莫拉
  • 逝者之证
  • 郊狼
  • 金牌律师
  • 铁证悬案
  • 随性所欲
  • 零异频道
  • 马男波杰克
  • 鲍勃心动
  • 麻木不仁
  • 黑吃黑
  • 黑帆
  • 黑暗救赎
  • 黑色星期一
{"status":false,"code":5000,"msg":"失败"}

Copyright © 2025 英美剧电影台词站.

Powered by PressBook WordPress theme