英文名称:Love and Death
年代:1975
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | [ translation & synchronization: loco-whopper ] | [ 中文翻译、字幕同步:疯狂弥天大幌 ] |
[00:15] | 《爱与死》 | |
[01:45] | How I got into this predicament, I’ll never know. | 我怎么也弄不明白 我是如何陷入这一困境的。 |
[01:48] | Absolutely incredible. | 简直荒谬至极, |
[01:50] | To be executed for a crime I never committed. | 因一项我从未犯过的罪行而被处死。 |
[01:54] | Of course, isn’t all mankind in the same boat? | 不过,人类不都在同一条船上吗? |
[01:56] | Isn’t all mankind ultimately executed for a crime it never committed? | 人类最终不都会因一项 从未犯过的罪行而被处死吗? |
[02:01] | The difference is that all men go eventually, | 区别在于,所有人到最后才走, |
[02:03] | but I go six o’clock tomorrow morning. | 而我却在明天早上六点就要走了。 |
[02:06] | I was supposed to go at five o’clock, but I have a smart lawyer. Got leniency. | 本来是定在五点,但是我有个 精明的律师,获得了宽宥。 |
[02:11] | I’ve a tremendous yearning to be young again. | 我现在有一种强烈的渴望, 渴望再年轻一回。 |
[02:14] | A boy. Such happy memories at our summer house. | 童年,有那么多幸福回忆 留在了我们夏日的住处。 |
[02:19] | Uncle Nikolai with his wonderful laugh. | 尼古拉依大伯和他那奇妙的笑声。 |
[02:30] | God, he was repulsive. | 天哪,他太令人讨厌了。 |
[02:32] | There was Grandpa and Grandma, who had been married for 50 years | 还有爷爷和奶奶, 他们结婚已经有50年了, |
[02:36] | and still felt as deeply about one another as the day they met. | 对彼此的感觉仍然像他们 第一天见面时那么深。 |
[02:41] | And my own father, a handsome and generous man. | 我自己的父亲, 一个英俊而豪爽的男人。 |
[02:45] | In addition to our summer and winter estate, he owned a valuable piece of land. | 除了我们夏天和冬天的住宅, 他还拥有一块珍贵的土地。 |
[02:49] | True, it was a small piece. But he carried it with him wherever he went. | 确实,它只有一小块。但是无论 他走到哪里,他都带着它。 |
[02:55] | Dimitri Pietrovich! I would like to buy your land. | 德米特里・彼耶得罗维奇! 我想买下你的那块地。 |
[02:59] | This land is not for sale. | 这块土地是不卖的。 |
[03:02] | Some day, I hope to build on it. | 将来,我希望在它上面盖房子。 |
[03:06] | He was an idiot. But I loved him. | 他是个傻瓜,但是我爱他。 |
[03:08] | Then there was mother, who made the most delicious blintzes in the world. | 还有我母亲,她做的薄饼卷 是这个世界上味道最好的。 |
[03:16] | Of course, there was Old Gregor, and his son, Young Gregor. | 当然,还有老格雷戈和 他的儿子小格雷戈。 |
[03:19] | Young Gregor’s son was older than Old Gregor. | 奇怪的是,小格雷戈儿子的年龄 比老格雷戈还要大。 |
[03:22] | Nobody could figure out how that happened. | 没人搞得明白这是怎么回事儿。 |
[03:25] | My two brothers, lvan and Mikhail, used to play amusing little games. | 我的两个哥哥,伊万和米哈依尔 经常玩好玩的小游戏。 |
[03:29] | But I had a completely different concept of myself as a child. | 但是我对自己的童年印象却全然不同。 |
[03:35] | My first experience with death was with one of our serfs, Old Nehamkin. | 我对死亡的第一次体验来自于 我家的一个农奴,老内汉姆金。 |
[03:41] | Old Nehamkin was on the roof, putting up a lightning rod, when a storm broke out. | 老内汉姆金在暴风雨来临前, 想把一根避雷针插到屋顶上去。 |
[03:46] | After he failed to show up for dinner, Mother went to look for him. | 因为该吃晚饭了他还没出现, 母亲就去找他。 |
[03:50] | What is it, Old Nehamkin? You’re not looking well. | 这是什么,老内汉姆金? 你看上去不太妙啊。 |
[03:54] | Are you OK? You feel all right? | 你还好吗?感觉怎么样啊? |
[03:57] | We laid Old Nehamkin to rest, | 我们让老内汉姆金入土为安了。 |
[03:59] | and that night I had a strange and vivid dream. | 那天晚上,我做了一个 怪异而又鲜活的梦。 |
[04:26] | I knew that after that dream I would not grow up to be an ordinary man. | 我知道做过那个梦之后, 我将不会成长为一个普通的人。 |
[04:31] | I spoke often with Father Nikolai, | 我和尼古拉依神父有过许多交谈, |
[04:33] | who was always dressed in black with a black beard. | 他总是穿着一身黑袍, 留着一把大黑胡子。 |
[04:36] | For years I thought he was an ltalian widow. | 多年以来,我一直认为 他是意大利鳏夫。 |
[04:39] | Every action has a cause. The universe exists, therefore it has a cause. | 每个行为都有缘由, 宇宙存在,那么就有它存在的缘由。 |
[04:43] | It follows God created the universe, therefore He exists. | 既然上帝创造了宇宙, 因此上帝就存在。 |
[04:47] | And yet Spinoza didn’t believe in the Holy Trinity. | 可是斯宾诺莎不相信 “圣三位一体”之说。 |
[04:50] | – Spinoza was a Jew. – What’s a Jew? | – 斯宾诺莎是犹太人。 – 什么是犹太人? |
[04:52] | You never saw a Jew? Here. I have some sketches. | 你没见过犹太人吗? 你看,我有些他们的画像。 |
[04:58] | – There are Jews. – No kidding. | – 这些就是犹太人。 – 不,开玩笑! |
[05:01] | – They all have these horns? – No, this is the Russian Jew. | – 他们都长着犄角吗? – 不,这是俄国犹太人, |
[05:05] | The German Jew has these stripes. | 德国犹太人身上有斑纹。 |
[05:08] | I recall my first mystical vision. | 我记得我第一次遇见的神秘幻象。 |
[05:11] | I was in the woods, thinking about Christ. | 我在丛林里,边走边思索着基督。 |
[05:13] | If he was a carpenter, I wondered what He’d charge for book shelves? | 如果他是个木匠,我想知道 他做个书架会要多少钱? |
[05:17] | Suddenly… | 突然之间…… |
[05:20] | – Who are you? – Death. | – 你是谁? – 死神。 |
[05:22] | What happens after we die? | 我们死后会怎么样? |
[05:25] | Is there a hell? ls there a God? | 那里有地狱存在吗?有上帝存在吗? |
[05:28] | Do we live again? | 我们会有来生吗? |
[05:31] | All right. Let me ask one key question. | 好吧,让我来问一个关键的问题: |
[05:35] | – Are there girls? – You’re an interesting young man. | – 那里有女孩子吗? – 你是个有意思的年轻人。 |
[05:40] | We’ll meet again. | 我们后会有期。 |
[05:42] | – Don’t bother. – It’s no bother. | – 不用麻烦了。 – 一点也不麻烦。 |
[05:46] | I grew to full manhood. Actually, five foot six, | 我终于长大成人。 实际上我有5英尺6英寸高, |
[05:49] | which is technically not full manhood in Russia, but you can own property. | 在俄国,从技术上说,这算不上真正的成人, 但是你仍然可以拥有自己的财产。 |
[05:54] | Over 5’3″, you can own land. Under 5’3″, you need permission from the Tsar. | 超过5英尺3,你可以拥有土地; 而5英尺3之下,你就需要沙皇的特许了。 |
[06:22] | We were three healthy men. | 我们是三个健康的男人。 |
[06:24] | My brother lvan. | 我哥哥伊万, |
[06:29] | My brother Mikhail. | 我哥哥米哈依尔, |
[06:33] | And myself. | 还有我。 |
[06:40] | Finally, there was my cousin Sonja. | 最后,还有我表妹索尼亚。 |
[06:42] | In addition to being the most beautiful woman I had ever seen, | 她不仅是我见过的最美丽的女人, |
[06:46] | she was one of the few people I could have deep conversations with. | 而且还是仅有的几个 我能与之深入交谈的人之一。 |
[06:51] | Boris, look at this leaf. Isn’t it perfect? | 鲍里斯,看看这片叶子, 是不是很完美啊? |
[06:55] | And this one? Look. | 还有这片?你瞧。 |
[06:58] | Oh, yeah. I definitely think that this is the best of all possible worlds. | 噢,是的,我绝对认为 这是大千世界最好的造化。 |
[07:03] | – It’s certainly the most expensive. – Isn’t nature incredible? | – 是啊,那它的造价也一定不菲吧。 – 你不认为大自然很不可思议吗? |
[07:08] | To me, nature is… I dunno, spiders and bugs and, | 在我看来,大自然是…我不知道, 蜘蛛啊,虫子啊… |
[07:12] | big fish eating little fish. | 大鱼吃小鱼啊, |
[07:14] | And plants eating plants and animals eating… | 植物吃植物啊, 动物吃动…… |
[07:17] | It’s like an enormous restaurant. | 这就像是一家巨大的餐馆, 我就是这么看的。 |
[07:20] | Yes, but if God created it, it has to be beautiful, | 是的,可是上帝创造了它, 那它就应该是美好的, |
[07:23] | even if His plan’s not apparent to us at the moment. | 即使我们目前看来, 他的意图似乎并不很明确。 |
[07:26] | Sonja, what if there is no God? | 索尼亚,要是没有上帝怎么办? |
[07:28] | Boris Dimitrovitch, are you joking? | 鲍里斯・德米特罗维奇,你开玩笑? |
[07:31] | What if we’re just a bunch of absurd people | 要是我们只是一堆荒谬的人群, |
[07:34] | who are running around with no rhyme or reason? | 没有节奏,没有理性地 在那里跑来跑去怎么办? |
[07:37] | But if there is no God, then life has no meaning. | 但是如果没有上帝, 生命还有什么意义? |
[07:39] | Why go on living? Why not just commit suicide? | 为什么还要活着? 为什么不干脆自杀算了? |
[07:43] | Well, let’s not get hysterical. I could be wrong. | 你看,别这么歇斯底里行吗? 我可能是不对。 |
[07:46] | I’d hate to blow my brains out, then see they found something. | 但是我可不愿意打爆自己的脑袋, 去看看那上面到底有什么。 |
[07:49] | Boris. Let me show you how absurd your position is. | 鲍里斯,我来告诉你 你的立场有多么荒谬。 |
[07:53] | Let’s say there is no God, and each man is free to do exactly as he chooses. | 好吧,假如说不存在上帝, 那么每个人都可以想干什么就干什么, |
[07:57] | What prevents you from murdering somebody? | 那么…这样一来,有什么东西 可以阻止你不去杀人呢? |
[08:00] | – Murder’s immoral. – Immorality is subjective. | – 杀人是不道德的。 – 道不道德是很主观的。 |
[08:04] | Yes, but subjectivity is objective. | 是的,可主观性有其客观的一面。 |
[08:06] | Not in a rational scheme of perception. | 从理性的感知体系看没有客观性。 |
[08:09] | Perception is irrational. It implies imminence. | 感知本身是非理性的, 它意味着迫在眉睫的事。 |
[08:11] | But judgment of any system of phenomena exists | 但是对任何系统的判断, 或现象之间先验的关系, |
[08:15] | in any rational, metaphysical or epistemological contradiction | 存在于任何理性的、或形而上学的、 或至少是认识论上的,对一个… |
[08:19] | to an abstracted empirical concept such as being, or to be, or to occur | …抽象的经验主义的概念――诸如存在、 或将要存在、或将要在事物内部发生、 |
[08:24] | in the thing itself, or of the thing itself. | 或与事物本身相联系――的矛盾之中。 |
[08:27] | Yeah, I’ve said that many times. | 是啊,这我说过许多遍了。 |
[08:29] | Boris, we must believe in God. | 鲍里斯,我们必须相信上帝。 |
[08:33] | If I could just see a miracle, just one miracle. | 要是我能看到个奇迹就好了, 一个奇迹就够了。 |
[08:37] | If I could see a burning bush, or the seas part, or… | 要是我能看到荆棘烧而不毁, 或海水分开成大道,或… |
[08:42] | Or my Uncle Sasha pick up a check. | 或是我的叔叔沙夏捡到张支票。 |
[08:46] | We should go back downstairs. | 我们应该回到楼下去了。 |
[08:49] | By now the last golden streaks of the sunset | 现在,落日最后的金色余晖… |
[08:52] | are vanishing behind the western hills. | …正消失于西山之后, |
[08:55] | Soon the dark blanket of night shall settle over us all. | 不久,夜幕黑色的毯子 将笼罩我们所有人。 |
[09:00] | Hey, you’ve been going to finishing school. | 嘿,你上的是女子精修学校吧? |
[09:05] | Hey, are you dating any Russians I should know about? | 嘿,你是不是应该把你和 俄国人约会的事跟我说说? |
[09:10] | Well, Minskov has proposed. | 唔,明斯科夫向我求过婚, |
[09:12] | And he’s very sweet and wealthy. | 他很可爱而且富有。 |
[09:14] | But the age difference is too great. I’m 28 and he’s 81 . | 可是年龄差距太大了, 我28岁,他81岁。 |
[09:18] | – Oh, that is big. – When I’m 50, he’ll be 103. | – 噢,那的确够大。 – 当我50岁时,他有103了。 |
[09:22] | That’s a bad age for a man. They slow up. | 那对男人来说,是个很糟糕的年龄, 变得行动迟缓。 |
[09:24] | And Voskovec has made his intentions clear. | 沃斯科维克也向我表露过心迹。 |
[09:27] | But he deals in herring, and he always smells of it. | 但他是做鲱鱼生意的, 闻起来老是一股鲱鱼味道。 |
[09:30] | He even bought me herring-scented cologne. | 你知道吗?他甚至买给我 鲱鱼气味的香水。 |
[09:33] | That’s probably why the cat follows you around. | 真的吗?那大概是为什么 猫老围着你转的原因。 |
[09:35] | Love is everything, Boris. | 爱就是一切,鲍里斯。 |
[09:37] | I wanna meet some man and scale the heights of passion. | 我渴望遇见个男人, 一同征服激情的高峰, |
[09:41] | Some man who embodies the three great aspects of love. | 某个能体现爱的三大要素的男人―― |
[09:45] | Intellectual, spiritual and sensual. | 智力上、精神上、和肉体上。 |
[09:49] | Well, there’s not too many of us around, but it can be done. | 嗯,我们当中这样的人可不多啊, 不过,你的愿望可以实现的。 |
[09:53] | – So many women settle cheaply. – I know. Poor things. | – 那么多女人轻易地就出卖了自己。 – 我知道,可怜的人。 |
[09:57] | – They marry for money. – Money! Well, money. | – 她们为金钱而结婚。 – 金钱!是啊,金钱。 |
[10:00] | But I feel as though my life would be wasted | 但是,我跟你说,我会觉得 那仿佛是在浪费我的生命, |
[10:03] | if I didn’t love deeply with a man whose mind I respected, | 如果我没有深深地爱上一个男人, 一个具有令我尊敬的头脑, |
[10:07] | whose spirituality equalled mine, | 和在精神上与我相当的男人, |
[10:09] | and who had the same lustful appetite | 他还与我有着同样的 对肉欲的激情所产生的 |
[10:12] | for sensual passion that drives me insane. | 难以抑制的贪恋,那简直让我发疯了。 |
[10:16] | You’re an incredibly complex woman. | 你是个不可思议地复杂的女人。 |
[10:19] | I guess you could say I’m half saint, half whore. | 我想你可以这么说: 我一半是圣徒,一半是娼妓。 |
[10:23] | Here’s hoping I get the half that eats. | 希望我得到那个能吃东西的一半。 |
[10:25] | – Boris. – Yes? | – 鲍里斯。 – 什么? |
[10:27] | I have a confession to make. | 我要向你坦白一件事。 |
[10:30] | Ever since you and I were little children, | 从你我还是很小的孩子的时候起, |
[10:33] | I’ve been in love with your brother lvan. | 我就一直爱着你的哥哥伊万。 |
[10:36] | It’s only nat… | 那是自然…… |
[10:38] | Ivan? You’re kidding! He can barely write his name in the ground with a stick. | 伊万?你开玩笑!他甚至不能 用根棍子在地上把他的名字写全。 |
[10:43] | He has true animal magnetism. | 他具有真正的动物般的磁性。 |
[10:45] | All that talk about some perfect love and you’re hot for lvan? | 动物般的磁性?你谈论了那么多什么 完美的爱情,难道你迷上的就是伊万? |
[10:48] | – He kissed me. – Any place I should know? | – 他吻过我。 – 可以告诉我在哪里吗? |
[10:51] | – It warmed the cockles of my heart. – Great. Nothing like hot cockles. | – 那让我打心底里觉得温暖。 – 真是好极了!要是烫到了更好。 |
[10:55] | I think he’s going to propose to me. | 我想他会求我嫁给他。 |
[10:57] | But he’s a gambler and a drinker, with a Neanderthal mentality. | 可是他是个赌徒,是个酒鬼, 他只有尼安德特人的智力。 |
[11:01] | I mean, I love him like a brother. Just not one of mine. | 别误会我,我爱他像兄长一样, 只是不是我的兄长。 |
[11:04] | Do you hear that commotion? What’s going on downstairs? | 你听到那喧闹声了吗? 楼下发生什么事了? |
[11:08] | Have you heard the news? Napoleon has invaded Austria. | 你们听到消息了没有? 拿破仑入侵了奥地利。 |
[11:11] | – Why? ls he out of Courvoisier? – A chance to taste the glories of battle. | – 怎么?他的“无痛性胆囊肿大”好啦? – 这一下,终于有机会去领略战斗的荣誉了。 |
[11:15] | Check with me when it’s over… | 好吧,等结束了告诉我一声, 我去游戏室等着…… |
[11:17] | – No, Boris. You’re going to fight. – You’re gonna have your head examined. | – 不,鲍里斯,你要去参加战斗。 – 我去参加战斗?你要去检查一下你的大脑了。 |
[11:22] | – We leave the day after tomorrow. – Fellas, I’m a pacifist. | – 我们后天出发。 – 噢,伙计们,我是个和平主义者。 |
[11:26] | – I don’t believe in war. – He doesn’t believe in war. | – 我不相信战争。 – 他不相信战争! |
[11:30] | Napoleon, he believes in war. | 拿破仑,可他相信战争。 |
[11:32] | What are you going to do when the French soldiers rape your sister? | 假如法国士兵要强奸你的姐妹, 你会怎么做? |
[11:36] | – I don’t have one. – That’s no answer. | – 我没有姐妹。 – 那不是回答。 |
[11:38] | – They won’t rape lvan. They’d throw up. – Don’t disgrace me in front of my friends. | – 他们会强奸谁?伊万吗?他们会吐的。 – 别在我朋友面前让我丢脸! |
[11:43] | What good is war? We kill Frenchmen, they kill Russians, then it’s Easter. | 战争有什么好处?我们杀死个把法国人, 他们杀死个把俄国人,接下来,就是复活节了。 |
[11:47] | Boris, you’re talking about Mother Russia. | 鲍里斯,你不能严肃点吗? 你这是在谈论俄罗斯妈妈! |
[11:50] | She’s not my mother. My mother wouldn’t let her youngest get shrapnel in his gums. | 她不是我的妈妈。我妈妈就站在这里, 她可不会让弹片嵌入她的宝贝小儿子的牙龈。 |
[11:54] | – Get away from me. – I can’t believe what I’m seeing. | – 你给我躲远一点! – 我简直不敢相信我眼前发生的事! |
[11:59] | – He has a yellow streak down his back. – No, it runs across. | – 我们的弟弟有一条黄色的条纹竖在他背上。 – 不,不是竖着的,是横着的。 |
[12:03] | – Boris, you’re a coward. – Yes, but a militant coward. | – 鲍里斯,你是个胆小鬼! – 是的,可我只是战斗起来胆小而已。 |
[12:06] | Boris. Medals… We’ll get medals. | 鲍里斯,勋章…我们会赢得勋章的。 |
[12:10] | Take it easy, lvan. You’ve got to cut down on your raw meat. | 放松点,好吗,伊万? 你应该减少点生肉的摄入量了。 |
[12:13] | He’ll go and he’ll fight. | 他会去的,他也会战斗的。 |
[12:15] | And I hope they will put him in the front lines. | 我希望他们把他投放到最最前线去。 |
[12:19] | Thanks a lot, Mum. My mother, folks. | 多谢,妈妈。这是我妈妈,各位。 |
[12:23] | This is crazy. I can’t shoot a gun. I was meant to write poetry. | 这简直疯了。我根本不会开枪, 写诗才是我的本行。 |
[12:27] | Sonja, I’m not the army type. I slept with the light on till I was 30. | 索尼亚,我不是当兵的料, 我到30岁时还要在房间里开着灯睡觉。 |
[12:31] | I can’t shower with other men. | 我无法和其他男人一块儿洗澡。 |
[12:33] | Friends. My friends. | 朋友们,我的朋友们, |
[12:37] | On the eve of this glorious occasion, I have an announcement to make. | 值此光荣时刻的前夜, 我要宣布一个决定。 |
[12:42] | Because we go into battle, perhaps never to see our loved ones again, | 因为我们要去参加战斗, 也许再也见不到我们的爱人了。 |
[12:48] | I wish to announce that tomorrow I intend to marry. | 我想宣布,明天我就要结婚了。 |
[12:53] | I’m going to take as my bride a woman I have grown up with. | 我要娶和我一起长大的女人 为我的新娘。 |
[12:59] | Anna lvanova. | 安娜・伊凡诺娃。 |
[13:03] | Ivan. | 伊万。 |
[13:05] | I’m sorry. I should have told you. | 对不起,我应该事先告诉你。 |
[13:11] | I also have an announcement to make. | 我也要宣布一个决定! |
[13:13] | Tomorrow, I too get married. | 明天,我也要结婚了。 |
[13:17] | I have been proposed to and have accepted the hand of | 是的,有人向我求过婚, 我已经决定与他携手, |
[13:20] | Sergei lvanovich Minskov. | 谢尔盖・伊万诺维奇・明斯科夫。 |
[13:29] | Yes… I mean Leonid Voskovec, the herring merchant. | 是啊,啊…我是说…呃… 列奥尼德・沃斯科维克,鲱鱼商人。 |
[14:47] | You! Get out here! | 你!给我出列! |
[14:58] | You’re the worst soldier I ever seen. | 你是我见过的最差劲的士兵。 |
[15:02] | – You ignorammus! – Ignoramus, sir. | – 你个浑��无知之徒! – 是浑噩无知之徒,长官。 |
[15:05] | – You want a dishonourable discharge? – Yes, sir. Or a furlough. | – 你想被耻辱地开除军籍吗? – 好的,长官,或者给个休假也成。 |
[15:09] | Goddamn you! You love Russia, don’t you? | 见你的鬼! 你热爱俄罗斯,对吗? |
[15:11] | – Yessir. – Louder! | – 是的,长官。是的,长官! – 大声点! |
[15:14] | – You like it here? – Yessir! | – 你喜欢这里,对吗? – 是的,长官! |
[15:16] | – You want to make a career in the army? – Well, let’s not get carried away. | – 你想在军队里出人头地,是吗? – 呃,最好别缺胳膊少腿。 |
[15:20] | You can clean the mess hall and the latrine! | 从现在起,你将负责打扫食堂和厕所! |
[15:22] | Yessir. How will I tell the difference? | 好的,长官,可我怎么才能区分它们呢? |
[15:24] | OK. | 难到我了。 |
[15:26] | One, two! One, two! One, two! | 一,二!一,二!一,二! |
[15:29] | Three is next, if you’re having any trouble. | 下一个是三,要是你数不下去的话。 |
[16:21] | Naturally, the war affects the herring industry. | 很自然,战争影响到了鲱鱼产业。 |
[16:25] | The ports are blockaded. | 港口都被封锁了, |
[16:27] | Fresh shipments of the herring become more difficult to obtain. | 要运送新鲜的鲱鱼 变得越来越困难。 |
[16:31] | And, of course, when something hurts herring, it hurts me. | 当然,如果有什么东西危害到了鲱鱼, 那么也一定危害到了我。 |
[16:36] | What people don’t understand | 你看,人们所不了解的是, |
[16:39] | is that there are hundreds of types of herring, | 存在着数百种的鲱鱼, |
[16:42] | each with its own interesting history. | 每一种都有它各自有趣的历史。 |
[16:46] | Sonja. Are you OK? | 索尼亚,你没事吧? |
[16:51] | Oh, yes. | 噢,没事。 |
[16:53] | But I’ve talked long enough. | 但是我唠叨得太多的。 |
[16:55] | Why don’t you two play, as I have got some important business to attend to? | 你们俩为什么不演奏点什么呢? 我还有些重要的生意上的事情要处理。 |
[17:00] | A capital idea. | 这主意好极了! |
[17:05] | Ready? And a one and a two… | 准备好了吗?一…二… |
[17:07] | And… | 起…… |
[17:25] | – You stopped. – What would you think | – 你停下来了。 – 要是我跟你说… |
[17:27] | if I told you you were one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen? | …你是我见过的最美丽的女人之一, 你会怎么认为? |
[17:33] | I’d think what a mad fool he is. | 我会认为你真是个疯狂的笨蛋啊。 |
[17:38] | And what would you say if I suddenly put my arms around you? | 要是我突然用我的双臂抱住你, 你会怎么说? |
[17:42] | I’d think what a mad, impetuous fool he is. | 我会认为你真是个 疯狂而又冲动的笨蛋啊。 |
[17:46] | And what would you think if I kissed you? | 要是我吻你,你会怎么认为? |
[17:50] | I’d think what a mad, impetuous, wonderful fool he is. | 我会认为你真是个 疯狂而又冲动的奇妙的笨蛋。 |
[17:55] | – Don’t! – I must! | – 不要! – 我要! |
[17:57] | – We just ate. – Your skin, it is so beautiful. | – 我们刚吃完饭。 – 你的肌肤,真是太美了。 |
[18:00] | Yes, I know. It covers my whole body. | 是的,我知道,它包裹了我的全身。 |
[18:02] | I must have you. | 我必须得到你。 |
[18:05] | No, not on the piano. It’s a rented piano. | 不,别在这里,别在钢琴上, 这是租来的钢琴。 |
[18:08] | Darling, my darling, my… | 亲爱的,我亲爱的,我…… |
[18:11] | Sonja! | 索尼亚! |
[18:13] | Sonja, did you see a jar of wine sauce? | 索尼亚,你有没有见到一罐葡萄酒酱汁? |
[18:20] | – Come to my quarters tomorrow at three. – I can’t. | – 明天三点去我的住处。 – 不可能。 |
[18:23] | – Please! – It’s immoral. What time? | – 求你了! – 这不道德。什么时间? |
[18:25] | – Who is to say what is moral? – Morality is subjective. | – 谁能说说什么是道德? – 道不道德是很主观的。 |
[18:29] | Subjectivity is objective. | 主观性有其客观的一面。 |
[18:32] | Moral notions imply attributes to substances | 道德观包含了本体的属性, |
[18:35] | which exist only in relational duality. | 而这些本体仅存在于 相互联系的对偶性之中。 |
[18:37] | Not as an essential extension of ontological existence. | 但是不能作为一种 本体论存在的本质开拓。 |
[18:41] | Can we not talk about sex so much? | 我们别谈论那么多性,行吗? |
[18:44] | – I’m terribly sorry. – You’d better go. | – 我十分抱歉! – 你最好走吧。 |
[18:47] | – Sonja, please. – No, I mean it. | – 索尼亚,求你了。 – 不,我是认真的。 |
[18:54] | Men… | 弟兄们, |
[18:55] | Next week, we leave for the front. | 下星期,我们将开赴前线。 |
[18:59] | The object will be to kill as many Frenchmen as possible. | 你们的目标就是 尽可能多地杀死法国人。 |
[19:03] | Naturally, they are going to try and kill as many Russians as possible. | 当然,他们也会设法 尽可能多地杀死俄国人。 |
[19:08] | If we kill more Frenchmen, we win. | 如果我们干掉更多的法国人, 我们就赢了。 |
[19:11] | If they kill more Russians, they win. | 如果他们干掉更多的俄国人, 那他们就赢了。 |
[19:15] | What do we win? | 我们赢了什么? |
[19:18] | What do we win, Private? | 我们赢了什么,大兵? |
[19:21] | Imagine your loved ones conquered by Napoleon | 设想一下你所爱的人 被拿破仑所征服, |
[19:25] | and forced to live under French rule. | 被迫生活在法国人的统治之下, |
[19:27] | Do you want them to eat that rich food and those heavy sauces? | 你希望他们吃那些丰富的大餐 和那些重口味的调料吗? |
[19:31] | No. | 不希望。 |
[19:33] | Do you want them to have souffle every meal and croissant? | 你愿意他们每顿都吃 “疏芙蕾”【一种疏松烤点】和牛角面包吗? |
[19:37] | No. | 不愿意。 |
[19:39] | Men, since you are all getting a three-day furlough before going into battle, | 好了,弟兄们,由于你们在 投入战场之前,都有三天的休假, |
[19:44] | we would like to show you this little hygiene play. | 我希望你们看一下这出卫生短剧。 |
[19:50] | Goodbye. I hope you had a good time. | 再见。我希望你玩得很开心。 |
[19:54] | I did. I had a good time. | 是的,我是玩得很开心。 |
[19:57] | What’s this sore on my lip? I’d better see the doctor. | 噢,我的嘴唇怎么这么疼? 我最好去看一下医生。 |
[20:03] | Doc, I have this sore on my lip. | 大夫,我嘴唇上很疼。 |
[20:05] | – You have a social disease, my friend. – Oh, my God. | – 你染上了花柳病,我的朋友。 – 噢,我的上帝! |
[20:08] | If you do not treat it, you will go blind. | 如果你不治疗,你会失明的, |
[20:11] | Or insane! | 或者发疯! |
[20:16] | Well, men. That is the end of the play. | 好了,弟兄们,戏就演到这里。 |
[20:20] | Have a good time on your furlough, but look after yourselves! | 祝你们假期愉快, 但是千万悠着点! |
[20:24] | – Well, what did you think of the play? – It was weak. I was never interested. | – 我说,你觉得这短剧怎么样? – 呃…很弱,我一点也不感兴趣。 |
[20:28] | Although the doctor was played with gusto. | 尽管那医生的角色演得 热情而富有活力。 |
[20:30] | The girl had a delightful cameo role. | 那姑娘演了个令人愉快的小配角。 |
[20:33] | A satire of contemporary mores, a spoof aimed more at the heart than the head. | 这是一出当代习俗的公园讽刺剧, 一种滑稽的戏仿,与其用脑子不如用心去看。 |
[20:37] | I’m planning to spend the next three days in a brothel. | 我么,下面三天打算逛逛窑子。 |
[20:40] | – Can’t you come with me? – No. I went to a brothel once in my life. | – 你不想和我一起去吗? – 不,不想,我一生中只去过一次窑子。 |
[20:44] | I got hiccups. It was over like that. | 我冷呃打个不停,你知道, 没开始就结束了。 |
[20:46] | And there’s someone I must see in Saint Petersburg. | 再者说,我想到圣彼得堡去见一个人。 |
[20:49] | Well, have fun. | 好吧,玩得开心。 |
[20:54] | I think the Magic Flute is Mozart’s greatest opera. | 我认为《魔笛》是莫扎特最伟大的歌剧。 |
[20:59] | It’s a hell of an opera, isn’t it? Do they sell popcorn? | 是啊,这出歌剧实在太棒了,不是吗? 这儿有卖爆米花或水果软糖之类的吗? |
[21:02] | We’re so delighted you decided to spend your furlough with us. | 你决定假期和我们一起过, 我们太高兴了。 |
[21:05] | You were always our favourite nephew. | 你知道,你一直是我们最喜欢侄儿, |
[21:07] | Even though you are an incredible coward. | 即使你是个令人难以置信的懦夫。 |
[21:10] | Thank you so much. | 啊哈,太谢谢你了,谢谢。 |
[21:13] | Any news of cousin Sonja? | 索尼亚表妹有什么消息吗? |
[21:15] | Only that she and Voskovec are unhappy and she takes lovers. | 只听说她和沃斯科维克 过得很不幸福,她有了相好。 |
[21:19] | – She takes uppers? – Lovers. | – 她有了兴奋剂? – 情人。 |
[21:22] | Oh, lovers. | 噢,情人,情人。 |
[21:24] | Hey. Who is that? | 嘿,那是谁? |
[21:29] | That’s the Countess Alexandrovna. | 那是亚历山德罗芙娜伯爵夫人, |
[21:32] | One of the most enticing women in Saint Petersburg. | 圣彼得堡最迷人的女人之一。 |
[21:36] | Ample bosoms, yes? | 胸部很丰盈,是吗? |
[21:38] | I’d say ample for a regiment. | 我得说丰盈得足够给一个团的了。 |
[21:40] | She’s recently widowed. | 她最近寡居了。 |
[21:42] | They say her husband, the Count, died in her arms | 他们说她丈夫,那个伯爵, 为了满足她那… |
[21:45] | trying to satisfy her prodigious sexual desires. | …超常的性欲,而死在了她的怀里。 |
[21:49] | No kidding! Died smiling, I bet. | 别开玩笑!我想他一定含笑而去。 |
[21:53] | Who’s the character with her with the wry moustache? | 那个和她在一起的 留着翘胡子的人是谁? |
[21:56] | That’s Anton lvanovich Lebedokov, her current lover. | 那是安东・伊万诺维奇・列比多科夫, 她目前的情人。 |
[22:00] | Although the way she’s staring at you… | 尽管她盯着你看的眼神…… |
[22:02] | I could work something out with him. | 是啊,我知道我可以考虑 和他一起完成件事。 |
[22:04] | I’d let him warm her up. I could come in and finish her. | 我让他先用几分钟给她热热身, 到最后我再加入进去而让她高潮。 |
[22:08] | You must be careful of Anton lvanovich. He has a furious temper. | 你一定要小心安东・伊万诺维奇, 他的脾气非常火爆。 |
[22:13] | – Really? – He has killed several men in duels. | – 真的吗? – 他已经在决斗中杀死了好几个人, |
[22:16] | All in a jealous rage over the Countess. | 都是因为出于对伯爵夫人的嫉妒之火。 |
[22:19] | Glad you mentioned it. Think I’ll watch the opera. | 很高兴你提醒我。 我想我要看歌剧了。 |
[23:18] | Ah, there is something about Mozart! | 啊,莫扎特真了不起啊! |
[23:21] | Well, I think you’re probably responding to his music. | 呃,我想你这大概是 对他音乐的反应吧。 |
[23:26] | Couldn’t you be careful? | 你不能当心点吗? |
[23:30] | I believe… | 我相信…… |
[23:32] | I believe that the lobby of… | 我相信圣彼得堡…… |
[23:36] | I believe that the lobby of the St Pete… | 我相信圣彼得堡歌剧院的… |
[23:41] | Opera House is one of the most beautiful in Europe. | …休息厅是欧洲最美的休息厅之一。 |
[23:47] | Who is this attractive and mysterious soldier? | 这个富有魅力的神秘的士兵是谁呢? |
[23:50] | Boris Grushenko. | 鲍里斯・格鲁申科。 |
[23:53] | – Sorry. I goosed that lady. – He has quite a sensitive face. | – 对不起。我戳了那位夫人的屁股一下。 – 你长着张相当敏感的脸,是不是? |
[23:56] | That’s the part of me that shows. | 那是我表露在外的部分。 |
[23:58] | Grushenko. Isn’t he the young coward all Saint Petersburg is talking about? | 格鲁申科?他不是整个圣彼得堡 都在谈论的那个年轻的胆小鬼吗? |
[24:03] | – Not so young. I’m 35. – The one so afraid for his own safety, | – 不算太年轻,我35岁了。 – 就是那个太担心他自己的安危, |
[24:06] | he won’t defend his country? | 而不愿意保家卫国的家伙? |
[24:08] | He is in a bad mood. Don’t you like your seats? | 他现在情绪不好,不是吗? 怎么啦,你不喜欢你的座位吗? |
[24:12] | You must visit me for tea. I’m sure we’d have a lot to talk about. | 你应该抽空来找我喝喝茶, 我肯定我们有很多东西可以谈谈。 |
[24:15] | OK. I’ll bring the tea bags. | 我没问题,我会带茶叶袋来。 |
[24:17] | We could run a check on your erogenous zones. | 我们可以快速地 检查一下你的性感部位。 |
[24:20] | – What about the dybbuk? – Why do you always taunt me in public? | – 可这个恶鬼怎么办? – 你为什么总是当众嘲弄我? |
[24:25] | If you so much as come near the Countess, | 要是你胆敢再挨近伯爵夫人一步, |
[24:28] | I’ll see that you never see daylight again. | 我保证你再也见不到日光了。 |
[24:30] | If a man said that to me, I’d break his neck! | 要是一个男人这样跟我说话, 我会拧断他的脖子! |
[24:33] | – I am a man. – Well, I mean a much shorter man. | – 我就是男人。 – 唔,我是说一个矮得多的男人。 |
[24:39] | Boris! Boris Dimitrovitch! | 鲍里斯!鲍里斯・德米特罗维奇! |
[24:42] | Sonja! | 索尼亚! |
[24:48] | Look at you. You look so handsome in your uniform. | 看看你,穿着军装,你看上去帅呆了。 |
[24:51] | I got a perfect build for clothes. I’m a 28 dwarf. | 我的身材穿什么衣服都好看, 我是个28号的侏儒【?】。 |
[24:54] | And you, Sonja, you look more beautiful standing here than you do in person. | 你,索尼亚,天哪,你站在这里 看上去也比你私下里漂亮得多。 |
[24:59] | – Oh, Boris, I’m so unhappy. – I wish you weren’t. | – 噢,鲍里斯,我很不幸福。 – 我想也是。 |
[25:02] | Voskovec and I quarrel frequently. | 沃斯科维克和我经常争吵。 |
[25:04] | – I’ve become a scandal. – Poor Sonja. | – 我已经成了丑闻。 – 可怜的索尼亚。 |
[25:07] | I’ve been visiting Seretsky in his room. | 过去几个星期,我一直去塞雷茨基的房间。 |
[25:10] | Why? What’s in his room? | 为什么?他房间里怎么啦?噢…… |
[25:14] | And before Seretsky, Alexei. And before Alexei, Alegorian. | 塞雷茨基之前是阿历克塞, 阿历克塞之前是阿历戈利安, |
[25:17] | – And before Alegorian, Asimov. – OK! | – 阿历戈利安之前是阿西莫夫。 – 行了! |
[25:20] | Wait! I’m still on the A’s. | 别价!“阿”我还没报完呢。 |
[25:22] | – How many lovers do you have? – In the midtown area? | – 你找了多少个情人啊? – 仅市中心区的? |
[25:26] | – Oh, Sonja. – Boris, my life is ruined. Over. | – 噢,索尼亚。 – 鲍里斯,我的生活毁了,结束了。 |
[25:30] | I can’t stand Voskovec. | 我受不了沃斯科维克。 |
[25:33] | His mentality has reduced all the beauty of the world to a small pickled fish. | 他已经弱智到如此程度,世间所有 美好的东西都抵不过一条小小的咸鱼。 |
[25:38] | Sonja, you need somebody to take you away from Voskovec. | 索尼亚,你现在需要的是 有个人领着你离开沃斯科维克, |
[25:41] | Someone who loves you. Someone who’s always loved you and cared for you. | 一个爱你的人,一个一直深深地 爱着你并关心着你的人。 |
[25:47] | How is your brother lvan? | 你哥哥伊万怎么样? |
[25:50] | – Ivan’s all right. – Yes? lvan is well? | – 伊万…也不错。 – 是吗?伊万不错? |
[25:55] | Ivan’s a tiger. He did his basic training in two weeks. Became a major. | 你知道伊万很猛,他接受了两星期的 基本训练,然后直接晋升为少校。 |
[25:59] | – Does he ever speak of me? – Sonja, he’s busy. | – 他有提起过我没? – 索尼亚,他忙得很,你知道。 |
[26:02] | Well, he must! He must speak of me sometimes. | 但是,他应该提起我! 他一定时不时地提起我,他一定的! |
[26:05] | Take it easy, will you? This is army property. | 放松点,行吗? 这制服是部队的财产。 |
[26:08] | He… Once he was sick… He was delirious. He called your name out. | 他…他有一次病了,他神志不清, 他喊过你的名字。 |
[26:12] | Really? Then there’s hope. | 真的吗?这么说有希望。 |
[26:15] | Look. Tomorrow, my regiment pulls out. We’re going to the front. | 听着,明天,我的部队就要出发了, 我们将开赴前线。 |
[26:19] | We’re outnumbered by the French. It’s unlikely that any of us will come back. | 我们的人数远不敌法国人。 我们能活着回来的可能性微乎其微。 |
[26:23] | – Exactly what did he say about me? – Sonja! | – 他究竟说了我些什么? – 索尼亚! |
[26:27] | Now, where did you say you were going? Oh, yes, the war. Well… | 噢,你说你要去哪儿来着? 噢,对,噢,对,是战争。那么…呃…… |
[26:32] | Dress warmly, Boris, and have a nice time. | 穿暖和点,鲍里斯,祝你愉快。 |
[26:45] | The idea is not to panic and run, then they shoot you in the back. | 重要的是不要惊慌,不要逃跑, 不然他们会从背后向你射击。 |
[26:49] | I don’t want to be trampled by a horse. And you, Boris? | 我可不希望被马践踏。 你呢,鲍里斯? |
[26:52] | I wouldn’t mind. I don’t even want to fight. | 是啊,我希望被马践踏。 我甚至都不愿意参加战斗! |
[26:55] | It’s no different living under the Tsar or Napoleon. | 你以为生活在沙皇还是拿破仑 之下会有什么区别吗? |
[26:58] | They’re both crooks. The Tsar’s taller. | 他们都是骗子,只是沙皇个子高点。 |
[27:01] | If you don’t like Napoleon and you don’t like the Tsar, | 既然你既不喜欢拿破仑, 又不喜欢沙皇, |
[27:04] | who do you think should run the country? | 那么你认为谁应该来治理这个国家呢? |
[27:06] | – Do you really wanna know? The serfs. – Oh, the serfs. | – 你真的想知道吗?那些农奴。 – 哦,农奴。 |
[27:09] | Only they know how to do things. | 没错,只有他们才懂得去做一些事情。 |
[27:12] | A fence needs putting up, it’s always the serfs. | 哪个篱笆需要扎一下了, 哪幅画需要挂一下了,都靠的是农奴。 |
[27:15] | He wants the serfs to run the country. | 哈哈,他希望农奴来治理这个国家。 |
[27:18] | Why not the criminal element? Or the Jews? | 为什么不是那些罪犯?或犹太人? |
[27:22] | Some Jews are smart. Though I hear their women don’t practise sex after marriage. | 有的犹太人很聪明的,尽管我听说 他们的女人结婚后就不再行房事了。 |
[27:26] | – Are you married, Boris? – Me? No. | – 你结婚了吗,鲍里斯? – 我?没有。 |
[27:28] | – You got a sweetheart? – No. I’m in love with a girl. She’s married. | – 你有没有心上人呢? – 不,没有。我爱上了一个姑娘,她和别的人结婚了。 |
[27:33] | She’s in love with someone and he’s married. It’s a real healthy situation. | 她又爱上了某个人,可是他结过婚, 这真是很健康的情形。 |
[27:37] | Hey, look, Boris. Look. | 嘿,你瞧,鲍里斯,瞧! |
[27:39] | – What have you got there? – I got a lock of my wife’s hair. | – 你想拿什么? – 我保存着我妻子的一缕头发,你瞧。 |
[27:42] | A lock of her hair. Jeez, she’s probably running around bald. | 她的一缕头发! 天呐,她也许秃着脑袋跑来跑去了吧? |
[27:46] | Don’t drop it. Have you got a lock of your sweetheart’s hair? | 别弄掉了,别弄掉了! 你有你心上人的一缕头发吗? |
[27:50] | No. She’s married. But I got a lock of her husband’s hair. | 没有,我心上人她结婚了, 我最多只能搞到她丈夫的一缕头发。 |
[27:59] | Boy, this army cooking’ll get you every time. | 天呐,这样的军队烹饪法 每次都令你心惊肉跳! |
[28:02] | There’s Visinksy. He was from my village. | 那个是维辛斯基,我们村子上的。 |
[28:05] | – He was the village idiot. – Yeah, what did you do? Place? | – 他是我们村的头号白痴。 – 是啊,你怎么样?排第二? |
[28:09] | Oh, God is testing us. | 噢,上帝在考验/测验我们。 |
[28:13] | If he’s gonna test us, why doesn’t he give us a written? | 要是他想测验我们, 为什么他不给我们做笔试? |
[28:53] | Wow! The battle looks completely different in the middle of it | 哇哦!这战场从置身于其间的 士兵们的角度… |
[28:56] | than it does to the generals up on the hill. | …和从山上将军们的角度看起来 完全不一样啊。 |
[29:21] | Hey, get your red-hots. | 嘿,想要热肠卷吗? |
[29:24] | – You got anything to drink? – The guy with the beer’s coming. | – 有什么喝的没有? – 没有,卖啤酒的马上过来了。 |
[29:28] | You got something smaller than that? I just started. | 咳,哥们,你没有小钱吗? 我才开张啊! |
[29:53] | We started the battle with 12,000 men. | 战斗开始时,我们有12000人, |
[29:56] | When it was over, we had 14 survivors. | 当它结束时,我们只有14名幸存者。 |
[29:58] | We got a message from the Tsar saying “Keep up the good work.” | 我们收到条沙皇的口信, 他说:“继续保持良好战绩。” |
[30:02] | That night, as I was burying bodies, I had another mystical experience. | 那天晚上,在我掩埋遗体时, 我又经历了一次神秘的体验。 |
[30:07] | Mercifully, God was on our side. | 感谢仁慈的上帝,他在我们一边。 |
[30:09] | It could have gone a lot worse if he wasn’t. It might have rained. | 是啊,我肯定要是他不在我们一边, 情况会糟糕得多,说不定会下雨。 |
[30:13] | Grushenko! | 格鲁申科! |
[30:15] | – Vladimir Maximovitch. You’re alive. – No, I’m dead. Look at this hole. | – 弗拉基米尔・马克西莫维奇,你还活着! – 不,我已经死了。瞧瞧这洞。 |
[30:20] | – Oh, does it hurt? – I feel nothing. | – 噢,那很疼吗? – 没什么感觉。 |
[30:23] | You don’t look so bad for a guy who’s dead. I think it agrees with you. | 对一个死人来说,你看上去不算太糟,实际上 比你活着的时候精神。我想上帝待你不薄。 |
[30:28] | – Listen, do me a favour. – Anything. | – 听着,帮我个忙好吗? – 当然,乐意效劳。 |
[30:30] | This engagement ring, I was gonna give it to my girlfriend. A surprise. | 这枚订婚戒指,我本来是准备给我女朋友的, 想给她个意外的惊喜。 |
[30:34] | – You want me to give it to her? – No, what’s the point? | – 噢,你想让我转交给她? – 不,为什么要转交给她? |
[30:37] | Take it back to the jeweller’s in Smolensk. Vladimir Petroshnik. | 把它退还给斯摩棱斯克的珠宝商, 弗拉基米尔・彼得罗什尼克, |
[30:42] | Tell him I’m dead and get a refund. | 告诉他我死了,想要回我的定金。 |
[30:44] | – OK. What did you give him for this? – 1600 roubles. | – 噢,好的,当然。为此你给了他多少钱? – 1600卢布。 |
[30:47] | – For this you gave him 1600 roubles? – This is a diamond with two baguettes… | – 就这你给了他1600卢布? – 这是钻石的,这儿还有两颗长形宝石…… |
[30:52] | This is insane! I could have gotten you this ring for 1200. | 我知道。这简直疯了! 我1200卢布就可以给你搞到枚。 |
[30:55] | – Never that ring. Never. – The exact same ring. | – 不,不可能是这种戒指,绝不可能! – 一样的戒指,一模一样! |
[30:58] | Anyway. Listen, take the deposit. | 听着,算了,你听着,你拿回定金, |
[31:01] | – Go to Kiev. – Right. | – 然后去基辅, – 好的。 |
[31:03] | – Give it to a woman, Natasha Petrovna. – Right. OK. | – 把钱交给一个名叫娜塔莎・彼得罗芙娜的女人。 – 好的,没问题。 |
[31:06] | Get a receipt. Make sure you get a receipt. | 要一张收据, 一定要记得要一张收据! |
[31:08] | – Why do you need that? You’re dead. – Tax purposes. | – 要收据有什么用?你已经死了! – 因为税的原因。 |
[31:11] | Oh! Good thinking. | 噢!想得真周到! |
[31:15] | – What happened? – He was cleaning his pistol. It went off. | – 出什么事了? – 他当时正在擦手枪,枪走火了, |
[31:18] | – The bullet has lodged in his heart. – Is it serious? | – 子弹射入了他的心脏。 – 严重吗? |
[31:22] | With proper medical care, he could last another ten minutes. | 在正确的医疗救护下, 他大概可以再多活十分钟。 |
[31:28] | Why were you cleaning your pistol? | 为什么?为什么你要擦你的手枪? |
[31:32] | I was going to fight a duel to defend your honour. | 为了维护你的名誉,我要去决斗。 |
[31:37] | A Turkish cavalry officer cast aspersions on it. | 有个土耳其骑兵军官 在恶意诽谤你。 |
[31:41] | He said you were sleeping around. | 他说你人尽可夫。 |
[31:44] | I knew he was lying, that you were pure. | 我知道他在撒谎, 我知道你很纯洁。 |
[32:00] | Yes, well… | 是的,呃…… |
[32:02] | Leonid, I know I could have been a better wife to you. | 列奥尼德,我知道作为妻子, 我本应该对你更好一点, |
[32:05] | Kinder. I could have made love with you more often. | 更温柔一点,我本应该 和你做爱更频繁一点, |
[32:09] | – Or once, even. – Once would have been nice. | – 至少应该一次吧。 – 一次就很好了。 |
[32:12] | You were a kind and loving husband. | 你是个好心的、可爱的丈夫, |
[32:16] | Generous and always considerate. | 非常大方,总是体贴入微。 |
[32:19] | What’s he got? About eight minutes? | 他还剩多少时间?有八分钟吗? |
[32:21] | I think I’m slow. He’s got about three. | 我想我的表慢了,他大概还有三分钟。 |
[32:25] | Swimming out to the open sea like the great wild herring. | 我要像伟大的野生鲱鱼那样, 游向那宽阔的海洋。 |
[32:33] | I realise this must be a great blow to you, Sonja. | 我知道这对你一定是个 沉重的打击,索尼亚, |
[32:37] | But you must not allow yourself to be consumed with grief. | 但是你千万别 沉湎于悲痛而不能自拔。 |
[32:42] | The dead pass on, | 死者已逝, |
[32:45] | and life is for the living. | 生者要好好活着。 |
[32:48] | I guess you’re right. | 我想你说得对。 |
[32:50] | Where do you wanna eat? | 你们想去哪儿吃饭? |
[32:52] | – Let’s go to Rykoffs. – No, no, no. | – 我们去“利考夫饭店”吧。 – 不,不,不。 |
[32:55] | – Why? – I feel like meat, not a cheese sandwich. | – 为什么不? – 我想吃肉,而不是什么乳酪三明治。 |
[32:58] | It’s not good for your health. | 那有害你的健康!我不敢相信。 |
[33:00] | There’s a tavern at the edge of the square makes a sausage that’s wonderful. | 广场旁边有家餐馆, 那儿做的香肠棒极了。 |
[33:04] | Meanwhile, the war continued. | 与此同时,战争还在继续。 |
[33:06] | My regiment had been wiped out and I found myself lost behind enemy lines. | 我的部队损失惨重, 我发现我昏了头,落在了敌后。 |
[33:13] | I panicked, and hid where I could. | 我惊慌失措,找了个能躲的地方躲了起来。 |
[33:15] | Then I fainted. | 然后我就晕了过去。 |
[33:17] | When I came to, I realised I had made a terrible mistake. | 当我醒过来时,我意识到 我犯了一个可怕的错误。 |
[33:59] | As fate would have it, I landed on a group of French generals, | 正所谓人算不如天算, 我落到了一堆法国将军之间, |
[34:02] | causing their immediate surrender, and making me a hero. | 致使他们立即投降, 而我则成了英雄。 |
[34:05] | My brother lvan was not so lucky. He was a fatality of war. | 我哥哥伊万却没这么幸运, 他成了阵亡者之一。 |
[34:10] | He had been bayoneted to death by a Polish conscientious objector. | 他是被一个拒服兵役的 波兰人用刺刀捅死的。 |
[34:21] | You’re praying for lvan? | 你是在为伊万祈祷吗? |
[34:23] | Yes. Your husband. | 是的,你的丈夫。 |
[34:26] | I loved him, as you know. | 我爱他,这你知道。 |
[34:29] | I wanted you to have some of his possessions. | 我想让你保留一些他的遗物。 |
[34:33] | How kind. | 你太好了! |
[34:36] | I kept his sword, and gold watch. | 我留下了他的剑和金表。 |
[34:42] | But, here, | 但是,这个, |
[34:44] | I’m giving you his moustache. | 我把他的胡子留给你。 |
[34:48] | I’ll cherish it. | 我会珍惜的。 |
[34:50] | Also, | 还有, |
[34:53] | some string. | 一些绳子。 |
[34:55] | Ivan saved string. | 伊万喜欢收集绳子。 |
[34:57] | I know. It was one of the reasons why I loved him. | 我知道,这也是我爱他的原因之一。 |
[35:02] | I understand that. | 这我理解。 |
[35:05] | I loved him for his string, too. | 我爱他也是因为他的绳子。 |
[35:08] | Anything else for me? | 还有什么东西给我吗? |
[35:12] | I thought we should divide his letters. | 我想我们应该分一下他的信件/字母。 |
[35:17] | Do you want the vowels or the consonants? | 你是喜欢元音字母还是辅音字母? |
[35:20] | His vowels. | 我要元音, |
[35:22] | You keep the consonants. | 你留着辅音。 |
[35:26] | Life is unbearable. | 世事艰难! |
[35:30] | – So we meet again. – Countess Alexandrovna. | – 这么说我们又见面了。 – 亚历山德罗芙娜伯爵夫人。 |
[35:35] | I wish there was a way to thank you for what you’ve done for Russia. | 我希望有什么方式可以让我对你 为俄罗斯所做的贡献表示谢意。 |
[35:39] | – I may be able to think of something. – Maybe we could meet in my room later. | – 我也许可以想到些方式。 – 也许今晚晚些时候可以在我房间里会一会。 |
[35:44] | As you wish. How’s five minutes? | 悉听尊便。五分钟怎么样? |
[35:46] | Well. What have we here? | 乖乖,我们看到谁啦? |
[35:49] | – Still dating laughing boy, huh? – Back from the war, I see. | – 噢,还在和笑柄小子约会,哈? – 从战场回来啦,我看。 |
[35:52] | I’d have stayed longer, but they ran out of medals. | 是的,我本来可以呆得更久一些, 可是他们的勋章不够发了。 |
[35:55] | I understand your heroism was quite inadvertent. | 我知道你的英雄事迹 实际上是歪打正着。 |
[35:59] | You should have such inadvertent heroism. | 哼,你倒是歪打正着个 这样的英雄事迹看看。 |
[36:02] | – Are you still talking to this strutting ass? – Careful. It’s a trick question. | – 你想浪费时间和这个洋洋自得的蠢驴谈下去吗? – 小心,我认为这是个阴险的问题。 |
[36:07] | Fetch my carriage, Lebedokov. I’ll join you momentarily. | 去叫我马车过来,安东・列比多科夫, 我马上跟你走! |
[36:12] | Nice seeing you again, Quasimodo. | 很高兴再见到你,夸西莫多! |
[36:15] | – My room at midnight? – Perfect. Will you be there, too? | – 午夜,我的房间? – 好极了。你也会在那儿吧? |
[36:18] | – Naturally. – Until midnight, then. | – 当然。 – 那么午夜见。 |
[36:21] | Midnight. | 午夜见。 |
[36:24] | – Make it a quarter to twelve. – Midnight. | – 还是十二点差一刻吧? – 半夜。 |
[36:27] | – Midnight. – Boris, you hardly touched your blini! | – 半夜,当然。 – 鲍里斯,你怎么在摸你的【俄式】薄煎饼! |
[36:30] | Yes, well… I’ve been sick, you know… | 噢,是的,嗯…我病了,你知道…… |
[36:37] | Come in! | 进来! |
[36:47] | How do you like it? | 你觉得怎么样? |
[36:49] | It’s all right. I prefer something sexy, but… | 还不错,我喜欢性感点的,可是…… |
[36:53] | Would you like some wine? Something to put you in the mood. | 你想喝点酒吗? 那能调节一下你的情绪。 |
[36:58] | Oh, I’ve been in the mood since the late 1700s. | 噢,从十七世纪晚期起, 我就已经调节好了情绪。 |
[37:03] | You’re disgusting, but I love you. | 你好恶心啊,不过我喜欢你! |
[37:06] | Well, my disgustingness is my best feature. | 是啊,我的恶心之处 正是我的极品特色。 |
[37:11] | It must be lonely at the front. | 在前线一定寂寞难耐。 |
[37:13] | How long has it been since you’ve made love to a woman? | 你多长时间没和女人做过爱啦? |
[37:17] | What’s today? Monday, Tuesday… | 呃…今天星期几?星期一,星期二…… |
[37:20] | – Two years. | – Two years. You do remember how? – 有两年了。 – 两年了?你应该还记得怎么做吧? |
[37:24] | Well, if you start me, it’ll all come back. | 嗯,如果你起个头,一切都会回想起来的。 |
[37:31] | Remember that? | 还记得这个吗? |
[37:33] | Yes. That was just like kissing, right? | 记得,这是所谓的接吻,对吗? |
[37:51] | You’re the greatest lover I’ve ever had. | 你是我遇见过的最棒的情人。 |
[37:54] | Well, I practise a lot when I’m alone. | 是啊,我独自一人时练习颇多。 |
[38:06] | – Shall we say pistols at dawn? – We can say it. What does it mean? | – 在清晨我们说手枪怎么样? – 我们可以这么说,尽管我不知道这什么意思, 但是我们可以这么说。 |
[38:11] | You have insulted the Countess’ honour. | 你玷污了亚历山德罗芙娜伯爵夫人的名誉。 |
[38:13] | – Why? I let her finish first. – Her seconds will call on you. | – 为什么?我让她先来的高潮。 – 她会要求你给她第二拨。 |
[38:16] | – Seconds? I never gave her seconds. – My seconds will call on your seconds. | – 第二拨?我没给过她第二拨。 – 作为她的未婚夫,我的第二拨会要求你的第二拨。 |
[38:21] | My seconds will be out. Have ’em call on my thirds. | 唔,我不会有第二拨, 要求我的第三拨好了。 |
[38:24] | If my thirds are out, go to my fourths. | 如果第三拨我也没有, 直接找我的第四拨。【?】 |
[38:28] | He’s serious! You must meet him on the field of honour. | 鲍里斯,他是认真的! 你一定要在决斗场和他会面。 |
[38:31] | I’m not gonna duel with him. He’s a marksman and a killer. | 我才不跟他决斗呢, 他枪法很好,是个杀手。 |
[38:34] | – Your honour is at stake! – Hey, what is this? Slap Boris Day? | – 那你的名誉就完了! – 嘿,怎么回事?今天是“掴鲍里斯日”? |
[38:38] | You are a war hero. Surely a duel with Anton Lebedokov is nothing to fear? | 你是战斗英雄,和安东・列比多科夫 来场决斗肯定没什么可怕的? |
[38:43] | Look, I just don’t wanna waste a good bullet. | 噢,你瞧,我只是不想浪费 一颗宝贵的子弹。 |
[38:45] | The kid’s rash. I’ll drop by later, give him a chance to apologise. | 这孩子太鲁莽了,他不知道自己说了什么, 过后我会去拜访他,给他个道歉的机会, |
[38:50] | If he doesn’t, I’ll move to Finland. | 要是他不道歉,那我只好移居芬兰了。 |
[39:01] | Guess who. | 猜猜是谁? |
[39:04] | Oh, I’d know those hands anywhere. | 噢,我应该知道这双手的。 |
[39:06] | It’s Old Nehamkin. | 是老内汉姆金。 |
[39:08] | No. It’s… | 不,我是…… |
[39:11] | – Boris! – Yes. How are you? | – 鲍里斯! – 对,你好吗? |
[39:13] | – I brought you a present. – What? | – 我给你带了件礼物。 – 什么?噢,什么? |
[39:16] | You know those earrings you always wanted? The long ones? | 你还记得那对你一直想要的耳环吗? 很长的那一对? |
[39:19] | Thank you, cousin Boris. | 谢谢你,鲍里斯表哥。 |
[39:21] | Twice removed. By tomorrow morning, I may be removed completely. | 隔了两代的。不过到明天早上, 我们也许会彻底隔开了。 |
[39:25] | What is it? You look so worried. | 出什么事了?你看上去很焦虑。 |
[39:28] | Sonja, are you scared of dying? | 索尼亚,你害怕死亡吗? |
[39:31] | Scared is the wrong word. | “害怕”这词用得不对, |
[39:34] | I’m frightened of it. | 我恐惧死亡。 |
[39:36] | It’s an interesting distinction. | 这个区别很有意思。 |
[39:40] | If only God would give me some sign. | 要是上帝能给我些暗示就好了, |
[39:43] | If he would just speak to me once. | 哪怕就跟我谈一次话。 |
[39:45] | Anything. One sentence. Two words. If he would just cough. | 什么都行,一个句子,两个单词, 甚至就只咳嗽一声。 |
[39:50] | Of course there’s a God. We’re made in his image. | 上帝当然存在, 我们就是按他的模样创造的。 |
[39:55] | You think I was made in God’s image? You think he wears glasses? | 你认为我是按上帝的模样创造的? 看看我,你认为他也戴眼镜? |
[39:58] | – Not with those frames. – Nothingness. | – 不会用那样的镜框。 – 虚无。 |
[40:04] | Non-existence. | 不存在。 |
[40:06] | Black emptiness. | 黑暗的空虚。 |
[40:09] | – What did you say? – Oh, I was just planning my future. | – 你在说什么? – 噢,我只是在规划我的未来。 |
[40:13] | Why are you so preoccupied with death? | 为什么你那么专注于死亡? |
[40:15] | Sit down with me for a second. | 和我一起坐一会儿。 |
[40:17] | Sonja, tomorrow morning I’m gonna fight a duel with Anton Lebedokov. | 索尼亚,明天早晨,我就要和 安东・列比多科夫决斗了。 |
[40:21] | He’s much better than I am at it and I’ll probably be killed. | 他对此比我精通得多, 我很有可能被杀死。 |
[40:26] | In case I don’t see you again, I wanted to say that I love you. | 万一我再也见不到你了, 我现在就想说我爱你。 |
[40:30] | – Boris! – I’ve loved you ever since we were kids. | – 鲍里斯! – 打我们还是孩子起,我就一直爱着你。 |
[40:32] | I was heartbroken when you loved lvan. | 你说你爱伊万,我心都碎了, 可我还是爱你。 |
[40:35] | Why didn’t you say something? | 你为什么不说出来? |
[40:37] | – Would it have mattered? – Oh, of course not, darling. | – 说出来会有什么用吗? – 噢,当然也没什么用,亲爱的。 |
[40:40] | If, by some miracle, I’m not killed tomorrow, would you marry me? | 假如出于某种奇迹,我明天没有死, 你愿意嫁给我吗? |
[40:46] | What do you think the odds are? | 你觉得你活下来的可能性有多大? |
[40:49] | To die before the harvest… | 噢,天哪,在收获来临之前逝去…… |
[40:53] | The crops, the grains. Fields of rippling wheat. | 那庄稼,那谷物, 那翻滚着麦浪的田野。 |
[40:57] | Wheat. All there is in life is wheat. | 麦子,只有象征着生命的麦子。 |
[41:01] | Sonja, here’s your chance to do something kind for a dying boy. | 索尼亚,这是你行善的机会, 为一个行将死去的人。 |
[41:05] | But I don’t really love Boris. I mean, I love him, but I’m not in love with him. | 可是我并不真爱鲍里斯。我是说, 我爱他,但是我现在没有爱上他。 |
[41:10] | Oh, wheat! Lots of wheat! Fields of wheat. | 噢,麦子!有好多麦子!重重的麦田! |
[41:13] | A tremendous amount of wheat! | 量大得惊人的麦子! |
[41:16] | And yet, he loves me. And he would make a devoted husband. | 可是他爱我, 他会成为一个全心全意的丈夫。 |
[41:19] | Not too exciting, but devoted. We’d have a family. Maybe we could rent one. | 尽管不太令人兴奋,但他会全心全意。我们会有个家庭, 也许不是我们自己的,但是我们可以租一个。 |
[41:24] | I could learn to love him. Me, Boris and six rented children. | 我可以学着爱他。 我、鲍里斯、还有六个租来的孩子。 |
[41:27] | Or would I feel trapped? Suffocated? Can’t breathe? | 我会感到自己深陷囹圄吗? 我会感到窒息、难以呼吸吗? |
[41:31] | Open a window! No, not that one! The one in the bathroom. | 快把窗子打开! 不,不,不是那扇!是卫生间里的那扇! |
[41:35] | Yellow wheat. Red wheat. Wheat with feathers. Cream of wheat. | 黄色的麦子,红色的麦子, 长者羽毛的麦子,麦子的精华。 |
[41:39] | Poor boy, duelling with Anton Lebedokov. | 可怜的孩子,去和安东・列比多科夫决斗。 |
[41:42] | By tomorrow, my beloved cousin Boris will look like a Swiss cheese. | 明天早晨的这个时候,我亲爱的的表哥鲍里斯 看上去将会像块“瑞士干酪”般邦邦硬了。 |
[41:46] | Promise him anything, make him happy for a night. | 答应他的一切要求, 让他度过幸福的一夜。 |
[41:49] | Oh! Or would I feel trapped? Suffocated? My youth gone? | 噢!我会感到自己深陷囹圄吗? 我会感到窒息吗?青春一去不返, |
[41:53] | Living with a Swiss cheese and rented children. | 同一块“瑞士干酪” 和租来的孩子们生活在一起? |
[41:56] | Of course I’ll marry you, Boris. It would be an honour for me. | 我当然愿意嫁给你,鲍里斯。 对我来说,我深感光荣。 |
[42:04] | This Anton Lebedokov, he is a good shot, isn’t he? | 呃…那个安东・列比多科夫, 他的枪法很准,对吗? |
[42:08] | – I’m afraid so. – Well, | – 恐怕是的。 – 好吧, |
[42:10] | since this may be your last night on earth, | 既然这也许是 你在这世上的最后一个晚上, |
[42:13] | Let’s go back to my room and make love. | 让我们回到我的房间里做爱去吧。 |
[42:17] | Nice idea. I’ll bring the soy sauce. | 噢,好主意啊!我去拿酱油来。 |
[42:53] | At last. You’re late, Grushenko. We thought you weren’t coming. | 你终于来了啊!你晚了,鲍里斯・格鲁申科, 我们以为你不会来了呢。 |
[42:57] | – Well, I overslept. – Can you be so relaxed and confident? | – 唔,我睡过头了。 – 你会那么放松而又自信吗? |
[43:01] | I hate to shoot anybody before my morning tea. | 你知道,我讨厌在我 没喝早茶之前开枪打什么人。 |
[43:04] | I get a lot of bad mail from the serfs. | 我收到不少农奴寄来的坏邮件。 |
[43:06] | I implore both of you, come back to your senses. | 我恳求你们两位, 恢复你们的理智吧。 |
[43:09] | It can still be called off, by mutual consent, with no loss of honour. | 现在取消还来得及,只要相互达成协议, 并不存在名誉上的损失。 |
[43:13] | Since you put it that way, maybe I will hop back into bed. | 好啊,既然你这样说, 那么我也许要跑回去接着睡了。 |
[43:16] | We’ll do it now and to the death. | 我们现在就决斗,决斗到死。 |
[43:19] | Oh, no! I can’t do anything to the death. Doctor’s orders. | 噢,不!我不能把什么东西弄死, 这是医生的吩咐。 |
[43:22] | I have an ulcer condition. Dying is one of the worst things for it. | 我身上有溃疡, 对它来说,死亡是最糟糕的事情之一。 |
[43:26] | Begin. | 开始吧! |
[43:29] | You have been challenged. Choose. | 你是接受挑战,你选吧。 |
[43:35] | Sure. | 当然。 |
[43:40] | – All right, I’ll take these. – Just one. | – 好吧,我要这两把。 – 只允许选一把。 |
[43:43] | Oh, he gets one! That was silly. | 噢,他要一把!太可笑了。 |
[43:47] | Starting back to back, on my signal, you will walk ten paces, turn and fire. | 开始时背靠着背,听候我的信号, 你们将迈出十步,然后转身射击。 |
[43:54] | – Is that clear? – Of course. | – 清楚了没有? – 当然。 |
[43:56] | Of course. | 当然。 |
[44:00] | Good luck. And God be with you both. | 祝你们好运,愿上帝与你们同在。 |
[44:04] | Are you listening? | 你在听没? |
[44:13] | One, two, | 一,二, |
[44:15] | three, four, | 三,四, |
[44:17] | five, six, | 五,六, |
[44:19] | seven, eight, | 七,八, |
[44:21] | nine, ten. | 九,十。 |
[44:47] | Does this come out from dry-cleaning? | 这是干洗没洗干净吗?像是肉汤啊。 |
[44:50] | – You must shoot. – No, no, I don’t wanna shoot. | – 你必须开枪。 – 不,不,我不想开枪。 |
[44:54] | You must. It’s the law. | 你必须开,这是法律。 |
[44:57] | Well, if it’s the law, then I’ll shoot in the air. | 好吧,如果这是法律, 那么我朝天开一枪好了。 |
[45:02] | There. I’ve fulfilled my obligation. | 看见啦,我履行了我的义务。 |
[45:11] | Boris Dimitrovitch. | 鲍里斯・德米特罗维奇, |
[45:13] | I’ve learnt a great lesson here today. | 今天在这里我上了伟大的一课。 |
[45:15] | Me too. Never shoot up in the air when you’re standing under it. | 是的,我也是,那就是 当你站在下面时,千万别向空中开枪。 |
[45:19] | You could have killed me. And you didn’t. | 你本来可以杀死我,但是你没有。 |
[45:22] | How can I ever repay you? | 我如何才能报答你呢? |
[45:24] | You can start by getting off my toe. | 唔,你可以从停止踩我的脚趾头做起。 |
[45:27] | Oh, I beg your pardon. | 噢,我求你原谅。 |
[45:29] | Boris Dimitrovitch, from this day on, I will lead a new life. | 鲍里斯・德米特罗维奇, 从今天起,我要重新做人。 |
[45:33] | I will modify my views. | 我要改变我的人生观, |
[45:35] | I will preach goodness, perhaps join the church. | 我要倡导仁慈,也许会加入教会。 |
[45:38] | I will lead a righteous life. | 我要过一种正直的生活。 |
[45:41] | Devote myself, as I did in my childhood, to my singing. | 就像我小时候那样, 全身心地投入我的歌唱事业。 |
[45:48] | He’s got a great voice, hasn’t he? I should have shot him. | 他的嗓音不赖啊,是吗? 我应该杀了他的。 |
[45:52] | And so, Sonja and I married. | 于是,索尼亚和我结了婚。 |
[45:54] | I now pronounce you man and wife. | 现在我宣布你们结为夫妻。 |
[46:00] | I’m so happy. Look at the kid. She’s so happy, she’s speechless. | 我太幸福了!瞧这孩子, 她太幸福了,幸福得无语了。 |
[46:04] | He missed. He missed… He missed. | 他错过了,他错过…他没打中。 |
[46:18] | I know you’re worried whether you’ll be stimulating enough for me. | 我知道你为什么心烦,你在担心 你这个妻子能不能激起我足够的兴趣。 |
[46:22] | Whether it’s possible to live up to the chores and obligations of married life. | 是否能够忍受婚姻生活带来的 家庭琐事和义务。 |
[46:27] | It’s gonna be a cinch, I promise. I have no bad habits at all. | 这没什么难做到的,我保证。 我一点也没有不良的习惯。 |
[46:31] | I grant that I have a few eccentricities. | 当然,我承认我有一些奇怪的嗜好。 |
[46:33] | I won’t eat any food that begins with the letter F. Like chicken. | 我不吃任何带有反犬旁字的食物, 比如说“鸡肉”。 |
[46:38] | Boris, I just don’t love you. | 鲍里斯,问题是我不爱你。 |
[46:40] | – Oh, Sonja. – I love you. But I’m not in love with you. | – 噢,索尼亚。 – 我是说,我爱你,可是我没有爱上你。 |
[46:44] | Sonja, do you even know what love means? | 索尼亚,你连什么是爱都搞不清楚吧。 |
[46:47] | There are many different kinds of love, Boris. | 世上存在着各种各样的爱,鲍里斯。 |
[46:50] | There’s love between a man and a woman. | 有的是男女之间的爱, |
[46:52] | Love between a mother and a son. | 有的是母子之间的爱。 |
[46:55] | Two women. Let’s not forget my favourite. | 还有两个女人之间的爱, 别忘了我最喜欢的这种。 |
[46:57] | – And the love I’ve always dreamed of. – Yeah? | – 还有就是这种我从孩提时代起就一直梦想的爱, – 是吗? |
[47:02] | The love between two extraordinary individuals. | 两个非同寻常的个体之间的爱。 |
[47:05] | – Sonja. – Oh, don’t, Boris. Please. | – 索尼亚。 – 噢,别这样,鲍里斯,求你了。 |
[47:09] | Sex without love is an empty experience. | 没有爱的性是完全空泛的经历。 |
[47:13] | Yes, but as empty experiences go, it’s one of the best. | 是的,但是在所有空泛的经历里面, 这可是最美妙的之一啊。 |
[47:21] | At first, things were a little tense between us. | 一开始,我们之间的关系有点紧张。 |
[47:25] | But after a while, she relaxed. | 但是过了一阵子,她放松了下来。 |
[47:34] | Don’t. Not here. | 不要,别在这里。 |
[47:39] | Soon, Sonja got more used to me. | 不久之后,索尼亚慢慢接纳了我。 |
[47:42] | Sometimes, she actually had fun. | 有时,她还真的很高兴。 |
[47:45] | Like the time she baked her first souffle. | 譬如说她第一次烤“疏芙蕾”的那一次。 |
[47:55] | Money was scarce, and Sonja learned to make wonderful dishes out of snow. | 钱很拮据,所以索尼亚学会了 如何用雪来做出美味佳肴。 |
[48:00] | – Sweetheart, it looks a little rare to me. – I baked it for an hour and a half. | – 亲爱的,我觉得这做得有点欠火候。 – 哦,我在烤箱里放了一个半小时了。 |
[48:04] | Did you? Cos it looks… What’s for dessert? | 是吗?因为这看上去,你知道,都…… 甜点吃什么? |
[48:06] | – A surprise, Boris. – Yes? What? | – 你想也想不到,鲍里斯。 – 是吗?什么? |
[48:08] | – A nice big bowl of sleet! – Oh, sleet! My favourite! That’s wonderful. | – 一大碗晶莹剔透的雨夹雪。 – 噢,雨夹雪!我的最爱!太好了。 |
[48:14] | Evenings, we played music together. | 在晚上,我们一起演奏音乐。 |
[48:17] | And as time passed, I won her heart. | 随着时间的流逝,我赢得了她的芳心。 |
[48:20] | Oh, Boris. I’ve never been so happy in my entire life. | 噢,鲍里斯,我一生当中 从来没有像现在这样幸福过。 |
[48:23] | I love you, Boris, in a deeper way than I ever thought was possible. | 我爱你,鲍里斯, 比我能想象得到的还要深得多。 |
[48:28] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[48:31] | I wanna have children with you. | 我想和你生几个孩子。 |
[48:33] | – What kind? – Little children. | – 什么样的? – 小小孩。 |
[48:35] | Of course. The big ones are mentally slower. | 当然,大孩子智力上往往比较迟钝。 |
[48:38] | – I wanna have three children. – One of each. | – 我想要三个孩子。 – 每个都很小。 |
[48:41] | Oh, Boris. | 噢,鲍里斯,鲍里斯, |
[48:43] | I’m actually happy. | 我真的很幸福。 |
[48:45] | Well, I hate to say I told you so, but | 是啊,我不愿意说我早知道会这样,但是… |
[48:48] | some men have it and some men don’t. | 有的人就是有幸福,而有的人没有。 |
[48:51] | Fortunately, I have so much of it. | 幸运的是,我有太多的幸福。 |
[48:55] | Those next months were the happiest time of my life. | 接下来的几个月, 是我一生中最快乐的时光。 |
[49:07] | Then one day, at the height of my sense of wellbeing, | 然后有一天,就在我感觉是 幸福的巅峰的时候, |
[49:10] | I suddenly, and for no apparent reason, | 我突然地,无缘无故地, |
[49:12] | was seized with an urge to commit suicide. | 被一种自杀的冲动所牢牢控制。 |
[49:15] | You’re healthy, you have a beautiful wife, your work is going well. | 不,你很健康,你有个美丽的妻子, 你的事业也很顺利。 |
[49:19] | I know, but something’s missing. | 是啊,我知道,但是总缺了点什么东西。 |
[49:21] | – What? – I feel a void at the centre of my being. | – 是什么? – 我不知道,在我生命的中心我感到空虚。 |
[49:24] | – What kind of void? – Well, an empty void. | – 什么样的空虚? – 唔,空洞的空虚。 |
[49:28] | An empty void? | 空洞的空虚? |
[49:29] | I felt the full void a month ago, but it was something I ate. | 是的。大约一个月之前,我感到的是 饱满的空虚,但那只是我吃下的东西。 |
[49:32] | Maybe what you have is a sickness of the soul. | 也许,是你的灵魂生了毛病。 |
[49:36] | – Look, there’s Death. – What? Who? | – 快瞧,死神在那儿! – 什么?谁? |
[49:39] | Death! He’s got Krapotkin, the wine merchant. | 死神!他抓到克拉波特金了,那个酒商。 |
[49:42] | – Really? – Yeah, and a woman. | – 真的吗? – 真的,还有个女的。 |
[49:44] | – Ooh, it’s not Mrs Krapotkin. – You’re kidding. | – 呜,那不是克拉波特金太太。 – 你开玩笑! |
[49:47] | No. I always knew Krapotkin was diddling somebody else. | 没开玩笑。我早就知道 克拉波特金和其他女人乱搞。 |
[49:51] | – Where are you taking Krapotkin? – Away! For ever! | – 你要把克拉波特金带到哪里去? – 离开这里!永远! |
[49:55] | Listen, if you run into my wife, tell her I’m with you! | 听着,如果你碰到我妻子, 告诉她我和你在一起! |
[49:59] | Goodbye, Krapotkin. If you get a chance, write. | 再见,克拉波特金! 你要是有机会,写信吧! |
[50:06] | Father Andre, holiest of holies, aged and wise, | 安德烈神父, 至圣的圣者,年长而又智慧, |
[50:10] | you are the most wrinkled man in the entire country. | 你是整个国家里最皱皮垃耷的人。 |
[50:13] | Get off my beard, you little jerk. | 别踩着我的胡子,你个小混蛋! |
[50:19] | Rise, my child. Rise. | 起来,我的孩子,起来。 |
[50:22] | – I’m standing. – My eyesight is poor. | – 我站着呢。 – 我的眼神很不济。 |
[50:28] | Everyone says you’re senile with age, but you’re the only one that can help me. | 人人都说你年老体迈, 但你是唯一能帮助我的人。 |
[50:32] | I don’t think you’re senile. | 我不认为你年老体迈。 |
[50:35] | Where did you say the fish was caught? | 你说你在哪儿抓的鱼? |
[50:37] | – What fish? – Didn’t you say something about fish? | – 什么鱼? – 你没说抓鱼的事吗? |
[50:42] | Father, Boris is trying to commit suicide. | 神父,鲍里斯试图要自杀。 |
[50:45] | Last week he contemplated killing himself by inhaling next to an Armenian. | 上星期他想要通过吸入他身旁的 亚美尼亚人的体味而杀死他自己。 |
[50:50] | Tell Boris this. | 你这么跟鲍里斯说, |
[50:53] | I have lived many years | 我已经活了好多好多年了, |
[50:56] | and, after many trials and tribulations, | 历经了许多的考验和磨难, |
[51:03] | I have come to the conclusion that the best thing is… | 我总结出的结论是: 世上最美妙的事物是… |
[51:08] | Yes? | 什么? |
[51:10] | ..blonde, 12-year-old girls. | …金发女孩,12岁的金发女孩。 |
[51:14] | Father! | 神父! |
[51:15] | Two of them, whenever possible. | 要是办得到,最好有俩。 |
[51:18] | Father, I counted on you. | 神父,我全指望你了。 |
[51:21] | I forgive you. I forgive you. | 我原谅你,我原谅你。 |
[51:25] | Thank you, Your Grubbiness. | 谢谢,谢谢,龌龊殿下。 |
[51:31] | As I dangled at the rope’s end, | 当我悬在绳子的一头晃悠的时候, |
[51:33] | I was suddenly seized with an urge to live. | 我突然被一种求生的冲动牢牢抓住。 |
[51:36] | All I could think of was Sonja. | 我想到的只有索尼亚。 |
[51:38] | I wanted to hold her close to me, weep tears on her shoulder, | 我想紧紧抱住她, 在她的肩膀上挥泪, |
[51:41] | and engage in oral sex. | 并让她替我吹喇叭。 |
[51:43] | It was then that I made the decision to live, | 正是那一刻我决定活下去, |
[51:46] | to live and become a great poet. | 我要活着成为一个伟大的诗人。 |
[51:49] | I should have been | 我应该会成为… |
[51:51] | a pair of ragged claws | …一对粗糙的钳螯 |
[51:57] | scuttling across the floors | 匆匆划过… |
[52:03] | of silent seas. | …沉寂的海底。 【艾略特《普鲁弗洛克的情歌》】 |
[52:08] | Too sentimental. | 太多愁善感了。 |
[52:12] | That winter Sonja and I had a wonderful time. | 那个冬天,索尼亚和我 度过了愉快的时光。 |
[52:15] | We found a new friend, Berdykov, the village idiot. | 我们结识了一位新朋友,伯基科夫, 他是村子里的白痴。 |
[52:19] | Berdykov would sit smiling for days and stroke a little piece of velvet. | 伯基科夫会成天坐在那儿傻笑, 用一小块天鹅绒抚摸自己的脸。 |
[52:23] | Sonja would make him happy by feeding him cookies. | 而索尼亚则拿着甜饼干喂他, 逗他开心。 |
[52:26] | We looked forward to the spring, when we could have a child of our own. | 我们期盼着春天, 到那时我们就可以有自己的孩子了。 |
[52:30] | Little did we know… | 天有不测风云…… |
[52:32] | War! Napoleon has invaded Russia! It’s war! | 战争!拿破仑入侵俄罗斯啦! 战争!战争来啦! |
[52:41] | Oh, what about all our plans? We were gonna be parents this year! | 噢,我们的计划怎么办? 本来今年我们可以当父母了! |
[52:44] | There’s gonna be a slight change. Instead, we’re gonna be refugees. | 现在我们的计划不得不做点小小的变动, 不当父母,我们可以改当难民。 |
[52:48] | – That’s terrible! – We have to take everything and flee. | – 这太可怕了! – 我们得带上所有家当,赶紧逃吧。 |
[52:52] | I’m very good at that. I was the men’s freestyle fleeing champion for two years. | 逃跑是我的强项,我曾连续两年 获得过“男子自由式逃跑”冠军。 |
[52:56] | We have to burn the food so the French don’t get it. But it’s tough to light borscht. | 别忘了要把食物烧掉,这样法国佬就得不到了, 尽管我知道要点着罗宋汤比较费劲。 |
[53:01] | – Boris, I have an idea. – What? | – 鲍里斯,我有个主意。 – 什么? |
[53:05] | Let’s assassinate Napoleon. | 我们去刺杀拿破仑! |
[53:07] | Yeah. Interesting. Do you want to start knitting dinner? | 是啊,有意思。 天有点晚了,你是不是可以开始织饭了? |
[53:11] | – I’m serious. – What do you mean? | – 我是认真的。 – 你什么意思,你是认真的? |
[53:13] | I mean, let’s you and I kill Napoleon. | 我是说,你和我去杀掉拿破仑。 |
[53:16] | You been drinking from the glass we use for the village idiot? | 索尼亚,你一定用我们给村里的白痴 准备的杯子喝过水了吧? |
[53:19] | – It’s the answer to our problems. – It’s not the answer. It’s an answer. | – 这个办法可以解决我们所有的问题。 – 不,这不是办法,这只是一个办法, |
[53:23] | And it’s the wrong answer. The correct answer is flee. F-L-E-A. Flee. | 而且是个错误的办法。 正确的办法是逃跑,足兆叉虫,跳蚤。 |
[53:28] | – The French occupy Moscow. He’s there. – Sonja! | – 法国人占领了莫斯科,他的司令部就在那儿。 – 索尼亚! |
[53:31] | Two innocent-looking types like us could get in and shoot him. | 两个像我们这样天真无辜的人 可以想办法见到他然后开枪打死他。 |
[53:35] | We’d never get near him, and if we did, we’d miss. | 我们不可能接近他的, 即使能,我们也打不到他。 |
[53:38] | He’s a tough target. He’s very small. | 他是个很困难的目标,他太小了。 |
[53:40] | Boris, it’s our chance to perform a truly heroic act. | 鲍里斯,这是我们完成一个真正的 英雄伟业的机会! |
[53:43] | Since when is murder a heroic act? | 打什么时候起,谋杀成了英雄伟业了啊? |
[53:45] | Violence is justified in the service of mankind. | 为人类的目的服务, 暴力就是正当的。 |
[53:49] | – Who said that? – Attila the Hun. | – 这是谁说的? – 匈奴王阿提拉。 |
[53:52] | You’re quoting a Hun to me? | 你在向我引述匈奴人的话? |
[53:54] | Don’t you know that murder carries with it | 你难道不知道谋杀蕴含了… |
[53:56] | a moral imperative that transcends any notion of inherent universal free will? | …一种道德上的专横,它超越了 任何意义上的内在的普适的自由意志。 |
[54:02] | That is incredibly jejune. | 啊,你这话胡拽得无边了。 |
[54:07] | – That’s jejune? – Jejune! | – 胡拽得无边? – 胡拽! |
[54:09] | You have the temerity to say that I’m talking to you out of jejunosity? | 你竟然有胆量说 我和你谈话是出于胡拽劲? |
[54:14] | I am one of the most June people in all of the Russias. | 我是所有俄罗斯人当中 最拽的人之一! |
[54:17] | I have lvan’s old pistol. | 我有伊万留下来的手枪。 |
[54:19] | Sonja! Political assassination doesn’t work. | 索尼亚,政治暗杀解决不了问题! |
[54:22] | Violence leads to violence. He who lives by the sword dies by the sword. | 暴力只会导致暴力。 谁倚刀剑而生,谁就会因刀剑而死。 |
[54:26] | Well, I’m out of cliche now. | 好吧,我是有点陈词滥调了。 |
[54:28] | – Are you suggesting passive resistance? – No, I’m suggesting active fleeing. | – 那么你的建议是消极抵抗? – 不,我的建议是积极逃跑。 |
[54:33] | – You can’t run away all your life. – I know, but murder. | – 你不能一生都靠逃跑。 – 我知道,可是谋杀…… |
[54:36] | The most foul of all crimes. | 谋杀是所有罪行中最邪恶的罪行。 |
[54:38] | And not abstract murder like shooting an unknown enemy on the battlefield, | 并非是那种抽象的谋杀,比如在战场上 拿把来复枪,射杀某个从未谋面的敌人, |
[54:43] | but standing in a closed room with a live human being | 而是站在一间封闭的屋子里, 面对着面,朝着一个… |
[54:46] | and pulling the trigger, face to face. | …活生生的人,扣动扳机。 |
[54:48] | And a famous human being, a successful one, one who earns more than I do. | 而且还是个著名的人物,一个成功者, 他挣的钱远比我多。 |
[54:53] | My God, you figure Napoleon has gotta be good for 10,000 francs a week. | 我的上帝,你们猜拿破仑,哇哦, 一周应该能挣一万多法郎吧。 |
[54:57] | That’s minimum. That’s without tips or extras. Nothing like that. | 那是往少里说,没有包括小费 或加班费,什么都没包括。 |
[55:02] | And me, what am l? He’s a great man. | 而我呢?我算什么人?他是个伟人。 |
[55:05] | He thinks like the superman and I’m just a worm, | 他像超人般地思考, 而我…我只是条爬虫, |
[55:09] | an insect, some kind of crawling, disgusting, creeping little vermin. | 一只昆虫,某种蠕动着的、 令人作呕的、到处乱爬的小害虫。 |
[55:16] | – You know, you can stop me. – I will when I disagree. | – 你知道,要是你听不下去的话,尽管打断我。 – 我会的,要是我不同意的话。 |
[55:20] | Sonja. Who are we to kill somebody? | 噢,索尼亚,我们有什么资格去杀死别人? |
[55:22] | Boris, for the first time in my life I feel free. Weightless. | 鲍里斯,我生平第一次 感受到了自由,浑身轻飘飘的。 |
[55:26] | I have an exhilarating feeling of human freedom. | 我产生了一种人类自由的 极其畅快的感觉。 |
[55:30] | It’s called the guillotine. | 断头台的大闸刀可以给你这样的感觉。 |
[55:32] | Oh, look, Boris. | 噢,你瞧,鲍里斯, |
[55:33] | The soft golden dusk is already transmogrifying itself | 你瞧,那柔和的金色的暮霭 已经幻化成了… |
[55:37] | into the blue star-sprinkled night. | …撒满星星的蓝色夜空。 |
[55:41] | Careful, cos that gun may be loaded. | 小心点,因为那枪也许装了弹药。 |
[55:44] | Several days later we set out for Moscow. | 三天之后,我们动身去了莫斯科。 |
[55:47] | We took Berdykov with us partway. He was on his way to Minsk. | 半道上我们带上了伯基科夫 与我们同行,因为他要去明斯克。 |
[55:50] | There was a village idiots’ convention in Minsk. Berdykov was planning to attend. | 在明斯克有个“乡村白痴大会”, 伯基科夫打算去参加。 |
[55:55] | Village idiots from all over Russia were meeting there. | 俄罗斯大地上的 乡村白痴们在那里聚会。 |
[55:58] | “欢迎白痴” | |
[56:08] | We drove through small villages and tiny hamlets. | 我们驾车穿越小村庄和小部落。 |
[56:11] | We had no great plan, but when we stopped at an inn, fate provided one. | 我们没有什么大的计划,但是当我们在旅途中的 一家小客栈歇脚时,命运给我们做出了安排。 |
[56:27] | Pardon me. Could you tell me who those people are behind that screen? | 对不起,你能不能告诉我 在那屏风后面的是些什么人? |
[56:31] | That’s Don Francisco of Spain and his sister. | 那是西班牙来的 弗朗西斯科先生和他姐姐。 |
[56:35] | They’re en route to meet Napoleon. | 他们在半途中,要去觐见拿破仑。 |
[56:49] | – Don Francisco, I presume. – Do you know me, senor? | – 我想您是弗朗西斯科先生吧? – 你认识我,先生? |
[56:53] | Oh, let’s just say your name is legend in these parts. | 噢,可以这么说:您的大名 在这一地区可以说是家喻户晓。 |
[56:56] | – It is? – Well, perhaps not legend, | – 是吗? – 唔,也许不那么家喻户晓, |
[56:59] | but it never fails to get a big laugh. | 但是人们一提到您,都会捧腹大笑。 |
[57:02] | And you must be the Don’s sister, the noted Spanish countess and mieskeit. | 您一定是他的姐姐, 著名的西班牙女伯爵加丑八婆。 |
[57:07] | Who are you? | 你是谁? |
[57:09] | Just a humble servant who wishes to buy His Excellency a drink. | 我只是个卑贱的仆人, 我想给您阁下买杯喝的。 |
[57:13] | I would be honoured. | 啊,深感荣幸。 |
[57:15] | Waiter, a bottle of your best red wine, please, and two straws. | 侍者,请上一瓶你们最好的红葡萄酒, 在加两根麦杆/吸管。 |
[57:20] | Two straws. | 两根麦杆/吸管。 |
[57:22] | Word has it the Don is en route to visit Napoleon. | 听说先生您这是 在去觐见拿破仑的路上。 |
[57:27] | Word travels fast. | 消息传得很快啊。 |
[57:29] | Not as fast as good news. | 好事传千里嘛。 |
[57:33] | No news is good news. | 没消息就是好消息。 |
[57:36] | Here today, gone tomorrow. | 今日在此,明日无踪。 |
[57:41] | You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink. | 你可以将马领到水旁, 但却不能强按它饮水。 |
[57:45] | – Your turn. – We would invite you to join us, | – 该您了。 – 我们很乐意邀请你入席, |
[57:47] | but the difference in social rank and wealth, it makes it silly. | 但是社会等级和财富的差别 搞得我们也没辙。 |
[57:52] | Oh, yes, I threw this on. It’s a knockdown. | 噢,我理解,我随便穿了一件, 是捡的便宜货。 |
[57:57] | You guys know Napoleon, or what? | 你们俩和拿破仑很熟还是怎么? |
[58:00] | Hardly. | 几乎不认识。 |
[58:04] | A joke, Your Nothingness? | 是开玩笑吗,废话阁下? |
[58:06] | We’re friends with his brother, who arranges the affairs of Spain, | 我们是他哥哥的朋友, 他现在掌管着西班牙的事务, |
[58:10] | but this is our first meeting with the great emperor. | 但这是我们第一次去觐见伟大的皇帝。 |
[58:16] | It’s all I wanted to know. | 我就要知道这些。 |
[58:21] | – Don Francisco? – Pardon me? | – 弗朗西斯科先生? – 对不起? |
[58:24] | I’m having trouble adjusting my belt. | 我怎么也弄不服帖我的腰带。 |
[58:28] | You think you could come over here and hold my bosom for awhile? | 您看能不能过来托住我的胸部一会儿? |
[58:32] | Of course, senorita. | 当然,小姐。 |
[59:17] | No, no, no, it’s not what I had in mind. | 不,不,不,我要的不是这样的。 |
[59:21] | It should have more cream between the crust and no raisins. | 面包片之间应该有更多的奶油, 而且不要放葡萄干! |
[59:25] | – But at our last meeting you said raisins. – No! | – 可是上次见到您说要放葡萄干。 – 不! |
[59:29] | If this pastry is to bear my name, it must be richer! More cream. | 如果这种糕点要以我的名字命名, 那它必须更加华美!多放奶油。 |
[59:34] | – Yes, but is there time? – Very little. | – 好的,可是还有时间吗? – 很紧了。 |
[59:37] | My spies tell me that my illustrious British enemy | 我的密探告诉我, 我的杰出的英国对手… |
[59:40] | is working on a new meat recipe which he plans to call Beef Wellington. | …正在发明一种新的肉类做法, 他打算将它命名为“惠灵顿牛肉”。 |
[59:45] | It will never get off the ground. | 他永远也成功不了的。 |
[59:48] | We must develop the Napoleon before he develops Beef Wellington. | 我们必须在他做出“惠灵顿牛肉”之前 做出“拿破仑糕点”。 |
[59:53] | The future of Europe hangs in the balance. | 这样欧洲的未来才能维系平衡。 |
[59:56] | Yes, Your Highness. | 是的,殿下。 |
[59:59] | We must see you, Your Highness. | 我们必须见您,殿下。 |
[1:00:03] | We believe there is a plot to take your life. | 我们有理由相信有人正 阴谋策划要暗杀您。 |
[1:00:06] | Vraiment? | 真的吗? |
[1:00:07] | So we’ve made up an obscure private from the ranks to look like you. Look. | 所以我们从下面找了个无名小卒, 他看上去很像您。您瞧! |
[1:00:13] | How do you do, Your Highness? | 您好啊,殿下! |
[1:00:16] | – He looks like me? – You’re seeing him without his rug. | – 他看上去像我? – 您现在看的是没戴头套的他。 |
[1:00:27] | – Come. – Just let me get this on, Your Highness. | – 过来。 – 允许我穿戴整齐了,殿下。 |
[1:00:31] | And now I take your place. | 现在我可以替换您的位置了。 |
[1:00:36] | I will teach you to walk like me. I have a great walk. | 我会教你我走路的姿势, 我走路的姿势很棒。 |
[1:00:42] | With the emperor out of the way, all that remains is to kill Don Francisco. | 一旦没有了皇帝这个障碍, 剩下要做的就是杀掉弗朗西斯科先生。 |
[1:00:48] | That will destroy His Highness’ stupid dreams of a treaty with Spain. | 这样就可以粉碎殿下那愚蠢的 和西班牙缔结盟约的梦想。 |
[1:00:54] | Then I’ll sail to Austria, | 然后我就起程去奥地利, |
[1:00:57] | and form an alliance with the crown. Not the king, just the crown. | 与王冠结成联盟, 不是与国王,而是与王冠。 |
[1:01:04] | They call me mad, | 人们会说我疯了, |
[1:01:06] | but one day, when the history of France is written, | 但是总有一天, 当人们书写法兰西的历史时, |
[1:01:10] | they will mark my name well. | 他们会重重地记下我的名字―― |
[1:01:13] | Sidney Applebaum. | 西德尼・艾珀尔堡姆。 |
[1:01:29] | We’re here to see the emperor. | 我们来觐见皇帝陛下。 |
[1:01:32] | Who is calling? | 你们是谁? |
[1:01:39] | – Who? Oh, that’s droll! – Droll, yes. | – 我们是谁?噢,这太滑稽了! – 滑稽,是的。 |
[1:01:42] | He’s not familiar with the list of the hundred most important Spanishers. | 他不熟悉一百名最重要的 西班牙权贵的名单。 |
[1:01:46] | Yes. It is only Don Francisco and his sister. | 是的,我们是弗朗西斯科和他姐姐。 |
[1:01:49] | Yes, the Donessa. | 是的,她是伯爵夫人。 |
[1:01:51] | We have an appointment with Napoleon. | 我们和拿破仑约好的。 |
[1:01:53] | Napoleon Bonaparte. The noted international tyrant. | 没错,拿破仑・波拿巴, 那个著名的国际暴君。 |
[1:01:57] | – You are Don Francisco and his sister? – Oh, for sure. | – 你们是弗朗西斯科和他姐姐? – 噢,当然。 |
[1:02:00] | – We have had a long… a hot journey. – A hot journey. | – 我们经历了漫长的…炎热的旅途。 – 炎热的旅途。 |
[1:02:04] | – Our throats are parched. – They’re parched. | – 我们的嗓子都快冒烟了。 – 都冒烟了。 |
[1:02:06] | – We seek succour. Succour. – Succour! | – 我们急需救援者,救援者。 – 救援者! |
[1:02:09] | Yes. Is Succour here by any chance? | 是的,这儿是不是正好有救援者呢? |
[1:02:12] | I never knew your name, madam. | 我能否知道您的名字呢,夫人? |
[1:02:16] | The boys usually just call me Juanita. | 噢,大伙儿一般叫我华妮塔。 |
[1:02:19] | – Wanita? – Jua…Juanita. Jua…Jua… | – 瓦妮塔 – 华…华妮塔,华…华…… |
[1:02:25] | The emperor appreciates magnificent women. | 皇帝是这样的人, 他很欣赏华贵的女士。 |
[1:02:28] | – He’ll be much taken with you. – Oh, good! I wore my flats. | – 他肯定会对您留下深刻印象。 – 噢,很好!我穿的是平跟鞋。 |
[1:02:31] | We are, of course, all most anxious to hear your proposal for a treaty. | 我们当然都急切盼望 能听到您带来缔结盟约的建议。 |
[1:02:35] | Good. I’ve given it a lot of thought and I’ve come up with all the little details. | 很好。我已经仔细考虑过了, 我已经想好了所有的细节, |
[1:02:39] | If I can just think of the main points, we got something! | 要是我能再想起主要部分, 那我们就差不多了。 |
[1:02:43] | Let’s leave business, you’ve had a wearing journey. | 你们旅途劳顿,先不谈公事。 |
[1:02:46] | – We should say hello to the emperor. – Shorts gets touchy if we bypass him. | – 不,我们应该先去和皇帝打个招呼。 – 没错,矮子会发怒的,如果我们忽视他。 |
[1:02:50] | Later. First, you’ll be wined and dined in a manner befitting Spanish nobility. | 有的是时间,以后再说。先带你们去住的地方, 然后以适当的西班牙贵族礼仪好酒好菜款待你们。 |
[1:02:56] | Oh, wonderful! But go easy on the champagne. The Donessa has gout. | 噢,太好了!不过香槟还是免了吧, 伯爵夫人有痛风病。 |
[1:03:00] | Well, if you’ll proceed, your needs will be attended to. | 好的,你们先行一步, 马上会有人照顾你们的所需。 |
[1:03:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢。 |
[1:03:06] | While you’re here with your sister, should you desire a French love dream | 您和您姐姐来到这里, 您想不想要做一个法兰西式的爱之梦, |
[1:03:11] | to be sent to your room, it will be arranged. | 要的话可以安排, 我们派人送到您的房间。 |
[1:03:13] | Good. Maybe I’ll have two to keep the symmetry perfect. | 好啊,好啊!也许最好送两个来, 这样就可以保持完美的对称性。 |
[1:03:17] | – I prefer two myself. – I prefer three, but it’s hard to get one. | – 我自己也喜欢两个。 – 我喜欢三个,可是我一个都弄不到。 |
[1:03:32] | Is this room big enough, or would you prefer a suite? | 这房间对你来说够大了吗? 还是你更倾向一个套间? |
[1:03:35] | – Boris, I’m scared. – You? I’m growing a beak and feathers. | – 鲍里斯,鲍里斯,我很害怕。 – 你很害怕?我都快嘴上长喙,浑身长毛了! |
[1:03:39] | – What are we gonna do? – I say we get outta here now. | – 我们该怎么办? – 我说我们现在就离开这里。 |
[1:03:42] | I’m not leaving here until we shoot Napoleon. Here. | 在没有杀死拿破仑之前, 我不会离开这里。给你! |
[1:03:45] | Oh, I see. Thanks. I’m the hit man. | 噢,明白了,谢谢!我是杀手。 |
[1:03:47] | Remember, you can’t take any chances. | 记住,千万不能失手。 |
[1:03:50] | Now, make sure the barrel of the gun is pressed against his head or his chest. | 听着,一定要确定用枪管 抵住他的头部或胸部。 |
[1:03:56] | And don’t pull the trigger, Boris. Squeeze it. | 别扣动扳机,鲍里斯, 一定要用尽力气猛地一扳。 |
[1:04:01] | Where did you go to finishing school? On a pirate ship? | 嘿,你在哪儿上的女子精修学校? 在海盗船上? |
[1:04:04] | Let’s just make sure our plans are straight. | 我们来讨论下计划, 确保万无一失。 |
[1:04:06] | OK. You flirt with him, bring him back here after dinner, | 好吧,我们这样:你和他调情, 晚餐后你把他带到这里来, |
[1:04:10] | Iull him into a state of satisfaction and I’ll shoot him. | 哄他进入一种心满意足的状态, 然后我开枪干掉他。 |
[1:04:13] | “I’ll shoot him.” Can you believe I’m talking like this? | “我开枪干掉他。” 你能相信我竟然说出这样的话吗? |
[1:04:19] | Yes. Spain is quite warm this time of year. | 对,对,每年这个时候西班牙相当热。 |
[1:04:23] | Barcelona is warmer than Madrid, | 嗯,巴塞罗那比马德里还要热, |
[1:04:25] | but, then, the people are so different, the Barcelonians and the Madridniks. | 可是,两地的人有很大的不同, 一个叫巴塞罗那人,一个叫马德里人。 |
[1:04:30] | Are all the ladies in Spain as beautiful as you are, madam? | 在西班牙是不是所有的女士 都像您一样美丽呢,夫人? |
[1:04:34] | Well, not all. You gotta have some beasts. | 噢,不全是, 你也会碰到一些丑八怪的。 |
[1:04:38] | Oh, General. | 噢,将军。 |
[1:04:39] | Do excuse me, madam. | 我失陪了,夫人。 |
[1:04:42] | Take it easy. You’re making a fool of yourself. | 悠着点喝,别到时候出丑了。 |
[1:04:45] | – Hey, this is good champagne. – Are you gonna drink another case? | – 嘿,这香槟很不错。 – 喝不够吗?要不要再来一箱? |
[1:04:49] | I’ll be fine, all I need is a few solids. | 我没事的,吃一点固体食物就好了。 |
[1:04:51] | A few solids? You should drink a blotter. | 固体食物?你可以喝记事本啊。 |
[1:04:53] | Oh, I believe I had the pleasure of meeting your sister once. | 噢,我想我有幸与您姐姐见过一次面。 |
[1:04:57] | – My sister? Which one? – I thought you only had one. | – 我姐姐?哪一个? – 我以为您只有一个姐姐。 |
[1:05:01] | One? Oh, no, no. | 一个?噢,不,不。 |
[1:05:03] | Actually, well, I have a half-sister. | 实际上,呃,我还有半个【同父/母异母/父】姐姐。 |
[1:05:06] | Well, no, not exactly half. It’s two-fifths. | 噢,不,严格地说不是半个, 而是五分之二个。 |
[1:05:10] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们和先生们, |
[1:05:11] | His lmperial Highness, the Emperor Napoleon. | 帝国皇帝驾到,拿破仑殿下。 |
[1:05:25] | – So you are Don Francisco? – Yes. I have regards from your brother. | – 你就是弗朗西斯科先生吧? – 是的,您在西班牙的哥哥让我转达问候。 |
[1:05:29] | Says you went away, you don’t write. He never hears from you. | 他说您跑了,您信也不写,星期五晚上 什么都没有,他不知道您的任何消息。 |
[1:05:33] | You took his razor, you never returned it. | 您拿走了他的剃须刀,也不归还。 |
[1:05:35] | – This is an honour for me. – It’s a greater honour for me. | – 见到你我很荣幸。 – 不,见到您我荣幸之至。 |
[1:05:38] | – No, a greater honour for me. | – No, a greater honour for me. – 不,见到您我荣幸之至。 – 不,见到您我荣幸之至。 |
[1:05:41] | – No, a greater honour for me. – Well, perhaps it is a greater for you. | – 不,见到您我荣幸之至。 – 好吧,也许你对,也许是你荣幸之至。 |
[1:05:45] | – You must be Don Francisco’s sister. | – You must be Don Francisco’s sister. – 你一定是弗朗西斯科先生的姐姐。 – 不,您一定是弗朗西斯科先生的姐姐。 |
[1:05:49] | – No, you must be Don Francisco’s sister. | – No, you must be Don Francisco’s sister. – 不,您一定是弗朗西斯科先生的姐姐。 – 不,您一定是弗朗西斯科先生的姐姐。 |
[1:05:53] | – No, it’s a greater honour for me. – Our guests have a sense of humour. | – 不,见到您我荣幸之至。 – 我们的西班牙客人很有幽默感哈。 |
[1:05:57] | – She’s a great kidder. – No, you’re a great kidder. | – 是的,她很搞笑。 – 不,你很搞笑。 |
[1:06:00] | No, you’re Don Francisco’s sister. | 不,您是弗朗西斯科先生的姐姐。 |
[1:06:02] | – Shall we dine? – Oh, can we eat first? | – 我们进餐吧。 – 哦,我们总算可以吃了吗? |
[1:06:14] | Your sister and His Highness seem to be getting along quite well. | 你的姐姐和皇帝殿下 看起来相当合得来。 |
[1:06:19] | Do you find me attractive as a man? | 你觉得我作为个男人,有吸引力吗? |
[1:06:21] | Yes. I think that’s your best bet. | 有,我想那是你最大的优势。 |
[1:06:24] | How much of your feelings for me are because I rule half of Europe? | 你对我有多少感觉呢, 因为我统治了半个欧洲? |
[1:06:27] | Oh, I’d say half my feelings. It evens out. | 噢,我得说有一半的感觉, 这样就扯平了。 |
[1:06:30] | Will you be more difficult to conquer than Russia? | 我想知道你会比 征服俄罗斯还要困难吗? |
[1:06:33] | Well, I weigh less. | 唔,我分量轻一点。 |
[1:06:35] | – I’ll go to your room after dinner. – Good. I’ll go to yours. | – 晚餐后我去你房间。 – 好的,我也要去你房间。 |
[1:06:46] | Come in. | 进来。 |
[1:06:50] | Sonja, I’ve been thinking about this. It’s murder. | 索尼亚,我还在琢磨这件事, 这是谋杀啊。 |
[1:06:54] | If everybody did this, it’d be a world full of murderers. | 假如人人都这么做, 这世界岂不充满了杀人犯啦! |
[1:06:57] | – What would that do to property values? – I know. | – 你知道那会对财产价值产生什么影响吗? – 我知道。 |
[1:06:59] | If everybody went to the same restaurant one evening | 要是人人都在同一个晚上 去同一家餐馆… |
[1:07:02] | to eat blintzes, there’d be chaos. But they don’t. | …点薄饼卷,那么肯定混乱不堪。 可是他们不会。 |
[1:07:05] | I tell her murder. She tells me blintzes. | 我和她谈谋杀,她却和我谈什么薄饼卷。 |
[1:07:08] | Hey, you said yourself there is no right or wrong. | 嘿,你自己说过没什么对错之分, |
[1:07:11] | – It’s what you choose. – That’s right, | – 主要是看你怎么选择。 – 没错, |
[1:07:13] | and I choose danger. | 那么我选择危险。 |
[1:07:15] | – Oh, really? – No, but it sounded great tonight. | – 噢,真的吗? – 不,不过今晚这听上去不错。 |
[1:07:19] | Oh, Boris. If only we could be children again. | 噢,鲍里斯, 我真希望我们能返老还童。 |
[1:07:23] | Yeah, I know. Preferably French children. | 是啊,我知道,最好还是法国儿童。 |
[1:07:26] | Do you know the only truly happy person I know is Berdykov, the village idiot? | 你知道吗?我认识的人当中唯一一个 真正幸福的是伯基科夫,村里的白痴? |
[1:07:30] | It’s easier to be happy if your only concern | 是啊,如果你成天所担心的 只是你的哈喇子的流量的话, |
[1:07:33] | is figuring out how much saliva to dribble. | 那么你是容易幸福得多。 |
[1:07:35] | – Kiss me. – Which one do you want? | – 吻我。 – 你要几号的? |
[1:07:38] | – Give me a number eight. – That’s two fours. That’s an easy one. | – 给我个八号的吧。 – 八号?那相当于两个四号,四号的容易。 |
[1:07:46] | Coming! | 来了!我来了! |
[1:08:02] | – Are you alone? – Of course. | – 你一个人吗? – 当然。 |
[1:08:04] | – I thought I heard voices. – I was praying. | – 我想我听到有声音。 – 我刚才在祷告。 |
[1:08:06] | – I heard two voices. – Oh, well, I do both parts. | – 我听到有两个声音。 – 噢,是的,我一身兼两角。 |
[1:08:09] | Champagne! From France. | 香槟!法国产的。 |
[1:08:14] | I see you brought the whole kit. | 我看你把整套行头都带来了。 |
[1:08:31] | – To your eyes. – To the bridge of your nose. | – 为你的眼睛干杯。 – 为你的鼻梁干杯。 |
[1:08:37] | My lust knows no bounds. | 我的欲望无边无际。 |
[1:08:39] | Shall we… to the bed? | 那我们…床上去? |
[1:08:42] | Shall we what to the bed? | 我们什么床上去? |
[1:08:44] | Forgive my haste. | 原谅我性急。 |
[1:08:46] | We have always heard that Spanish blood is the hottest. | 我们总是听说 西班牙人的血是最滚烫的。 |
[1:08:51] | – I had mine cooled for the summer. – You may set the pace. | – 因为夏天,我把我的血冷却了一下。 – 你来控制节奏吧。 |
[1:08:54] | Good. Why don’t we just sit awhile and build slowly? | 好的,我们为什么不坐一会儿, 慢慢营造气氛。 |
[1:08:58] | You don’t want to peak too early. You’ll be gone before midnight. | 你不希望太早就达到巅峰了吧, 你可以在午夜之前回你房间。 |
[1:09:01] | – You are a temptress. – Oh, please, Excellency. | – 你太诱惑人了。 – 噢,别这样,阁下。 |
[1:09:05] | – Call me Napoleon. – Good. You can call me Napoleon, too. | – 叫我拿破仑。 – 好的,你也可以叫我拿破仑。 |
[1:09:09] | I’ve never met a woman like you. | 我从没见过像你这样的女人。 |
[1:09:11] | I could rest my head on your shoulder like this for ever. | 真希望我可以一直这样, 把我的头靠在你肩膀上。 |
[1:09:16] | Yes, it sounds like it’d be fun, except for the grease mark. | 好的,听上去很有趣, 只是会留下油渍。 |
[1:09:19] | His Excellency. | 阁下! |
[1:09:28] | – What’s that? – Oh, just a breeze. | – 那是什么? – 噢,是风吧。 |
[1:09:31] | A breeze with mice. Mice, what’s the difference? | 风吹老鼠, 老鼠,有什么区别吗? |
[1:09:34] | If I had a woman like you instead of my wife, | 假如我拥有一个像你这样的女人, 而不是我妻子的话, |
[1:09:37] | I would conquer all of Europe. | 我一定会征服整个欧洲。 |
[1:09:41] | – What’s that? – What? Oh, that. | – 那是什么? – 什么?噢,那个啊。 |
[1:09:43] | I think that was the old closet door slamming shut. | 我想是那个老壁橱的门 猛地关上了。 |
[1:09:46] | One can’t be too careful. The Russian underground would love me dead. | 我必须非常小心, 地下俄国成员巴不得我死。 |
[1:09:49] | I take a great chance in an occupied territory. | 我在被占领的土地上危险重重, |
[1:09:52] | Assassins surround me. | 暗杀时刻伴随着我。 |
[1:09:55] | Every day is another encounter with death. | 每一天都会面临着死亡。 |
[1:09:58] | Yes, well… This is the price one pays for political power. | 噢,是的,唔…这是政治强人 所必须付出的代价。 |
[1:10:03] | Yes, life at the top is hell. | 是的,地狱般的高高在上的生活。 |
[1:10:05] | Which is why I relish every minute with you. | 这就是为什么我珍惜 和你在一起的每一分钟, |
[1:10:08] | Every second means something to me. | 每一秒钟对我来说都弥足珍贵。 |
[1:10:11] | That’s why the sooner… | 这就是为什么我们越快… |
[1:10:13] | The sooner we consummate the act of love, the happier I will be. | …越快完满爱的行动, 我就会越加感到幸福。 |
[1:10:18] | – Go ahead. – I can’t. | – 行动吧! – 我办不到! |
[1:10:21] | – Don Francisco. – Shoot! | – 弗朗西斯科先生! – 开枪啊! |
[1:10:23] | Put down that pistol. She’s over 18. | 把枪放下,她已经过18岁了。 |
[1:10:25] | You’re a tyrant and a dictator and you start wars. | 你是个暴君,一个独裁者, 你发动的战争。 |
[1:10:28] | – Why is he reciting my credits? – Kill him! | – 他为什么复述我的功绩? – 杀了他! |
[1:10:30] | – Guards! – No. | – 卫兵! – 不! |
[1:10:38] | Boris, we’re not here on a vacation. | 鲍里斯,我们不是来这里度假的。 |
[1:10:41] | I can’t shoot him. He’s a human being. He’ll bleed on the carpet. | 我不能向他开枪。他是个活生生的人, 他的血会流到地毯上的。 |
[1:10:44] | Give me that gun. | 把枪给我! |
[1:10:47] | See? It’s not so easy. | 看见没有?不太容易吧。 |
[1:10:50] | Why? Why can’t I do it? | 为什么?为什么我做不到? |
[1:10:52] | Because it’s morally wrong. | 因为从道德上说,这是错误的。 |
[1:10:55] | – I see. Can you define your terms? – There’s a moral imperative here. | – 哦,是吗?你能解释得详细点吗? – 好的,这里涉及到了道德的底线。 |
[1:10:59] | – Where? – By killing Napoleon, you kill yourself, | – 哪里?哪里是道德的底线? – 你不明白吗?杀了拿破仑,你实际上是杀了你自己, |
[1:11:02] | because we’re involved in a kind of a total absolute. | 因为我们都是绝对整体的某个部分。 |
[1:11:05] | Come on. We’re not. You’re being pantheistic again. | 噢,得了吧,根本不是绝对整体。 你又来泛神论的那一套了。 |
[1:11:08] | How is that pantheistic? We all relate universally to a giant oneness. | 这怎么成了泛神论啦?我们都相互关联, 无一例外地统一于一个巨大的整体。 |
[1:11:14] | You wanna hit him? He’s coming to again. Just give him a little shot. | 噢,你还是再给他一下,他回过神来了。 再给他轻轻地来一下。 |
[1:11:18] | We’re dealing with an ethical question. | 嗯,好。你看, 我们这里涉及到了一个伦理问题。 |
[1:11:20] | You’re not gonna quote Thomas Aquinas again? | 噢,得了吧,鲍里斯,你不会又想 引用托马斯・阿奎那的话了吧? |
[1:11:23] | Absolutely. He said “Never kill a man, particularly if it means taking his life.” | 正是!他说:“千万不要杀人, 尤其是那种取人性命的。” |
[1:11:31] | What? | 怎么啦? |
[1:11:32] | If we don’t stop him, he’ll burn down half of Europe. | 你不明白吗?如果我们不制止他, 他会将半个欧洲烧为平地的。 |
[1:11:36] | Maybe it’ll be the half with our landlord in it. | 唔,也许我们运气,也许那烧掉的一半 正好我们的房东也在上面。 |
[1:11:39] | – Boris. For our children. – We don’t have any. | – 鲍里斯,为我们的孩子。 – 我们没有孩子。 |
[1:11:41] | – For our parents. – They don’t have children. | – 那为我们的父母。 – 他们也没有孩子。 |
[1:11:44] | – Well, I’m gonna kill him. – Sonja. | – 好吧,我回去杀掉他。 – 索尼亚! |
[1:11:46] | – I am. – No. All right. Look, | – 我要去! – 不!好吧,你听着, |
[1:11:48] | pull the carriage out front. I’ll go kill him. | 你去弄辆马车到屋前, 我去杀掉他。 |
[1:11:59] | Look at him. If I don’t kill him, he’ll make war all through Europe. | 看看他,如果我不杀了他, 他就会把整个欧洲拖入战争。 |
[1:12:04] | But murder? | 可是谋杀? |
[1:12:06] | What would Socrates say? | 苏格拉底会怎么说? |
[1:12:09] | All those Greeks were homosexuals. | 所有的希腊人都是同性恋。 |
[1:12:12] | Boy, they must have had some wild parties. | 天呐,他们的聚会一定疯狂极了。 |
[1:12:15] | I bet they all took a house together on Crete for the summer. | 我打赌他们一定挤在 克里特岛的一间房子里度过夏天。 |
[1:12:18] | (a) Socrates is a man. | (一)苏格拉底是男人。 |
[1:12:21] | (b) All men are mortal. | (二)所有男人都会死。 |
[1:12:23] | (c) All men are Socrates. | (三)所有男人都是苏格拉底。 |
[1:12:27] | That means all men are homosexuals. | 那就是说所有男人都是同性恋。 |
[1:12:30] | I’m not a homosexual. | 我不是同性恋。 |
[1:12:32] | Once, some Cossacks whistled at me. | 当然有一次,几个哥萨克士兵朝我吹口哨。 |
[1:12:36] | I happen to have the kind of body that excites both persuasions. | 我碰巧拥有那样的体形, 可以激发起两性的性趣。 |
[1:12:40] | But, you know, some men are heterosexual, | 但是,你知道,有些男人是异性恋的, |
[1:12:43] | and some men are bisexual, and some men don’t think about sex at all. | 有些男人是双性恋的, 而有些男人则根本对性毫无兴趣。 |
[1:12:49] | They become lawyers. | 你知道,他们就成了律师。 |
[1:12:51] | My problem is that I see both sides of every issue. | 我的问题是,对每个问题的 两个方面我都看得清清楚楚。 |
[1:12:55] | I’m too logical. You know, the world is not logical. | 我的逻辑性太强, 你知道,世界本身是无逻辑可言的。 |
[1:12:59] | If it was logical, how would Old Nehamkin be younger than Young Nehamkin? | 如果它有逻辑,那怎么解释老内汉姆金 会比小内汉姆金年轻呢? |
[1:13:03] | I knew there was something crazy about that when I was a kid, | 当我还是小孩的时候, 我就知道这里肯定不对劲。 |
[1:13:07] | but every time I said something, they’d smack me. So, you know, | 可是每一次我这样说, 他们都嘲笑我。所以,你知道, |
[1:13:10] | I’m just racked with guilt and I’m consumed with remorse | 我深受内疚的折磨, 我倍受懊悔的煎熬, |
[1:13:16] | and stricken with suffering for the human race. | 我为人类的苦难而感到筋疲力尽。 |
[1:13:20] | And not only that, but I’m developing | 不仅如此,我还发出了… |
[1:13:22] | a herpes on my lip here that is really killing me. | …疱疹,就在我嘴唇上,疼得我要死。 |
[1:13:28] | What to do? | 怎么办啊? |
[1:13:44] | Arrest this man for murder. Fortunately, he only killed an impostor. | 以谋杀罪拘捕这个人。 幸运的是,他只杀掉了一个替身。 |
[1:13:48] | I didn’t do anything. Hey, take it easy, will you? | 我什么都没做。 嘿,别那么紧张,好么? |
[1:13:51] | You’re bending my throat. | 你们把我的喉咙弄弯了。 |
[1:13:53] | The Spanish government will hear about this. | 西班牙政府会知道这件事的。 |
[1:13:55] | Don Francisco is not a man who takes these things lightly. | 弗朗西斯科先生 可不会轻易咽下这口气。 |
[1:13:59] | There’s Don Francisco now. | 那个才是弗朗西斯科先生。 |
[1:14:01] | There’s been a mistake. I know – I made it. | 肯定哪里搞错了。 我知道――是我搞错了。 |
[1:14:05] | By some miracle, Sonja managed to elude the French and escape. | 出于某种奇迹,索尼亚 躲过了法国人,成功出逃。 |
[1:14:08] | I, with my usual good luck, got thrown in a damp cell to await execution – | 我则由于我一贯的好运,被投入一间 阴湿的牢房,等着被处死―― |
[1:14:12] | my favourite pastime. | 我最喜欢的消遣。 |
[1:14:14] | Fortunately, it was a French jail, so the food was not bad. | 幸运的是,这是法国人的牢房, 所以吃的还不赖, |
[1:14:20] | My family was allowed to visit me. | 我的家人也被允许来探望我。 |
[1:14:22] | Remember that nice boy next door? Raskolnikov? | 还记得邻居家那个好男孩吗? 拉斯柯尔尼科夫? |
[1:14:25] | – Yeah? – He killed two ladies. | – 他怎么啦? – 他杀了两个女人。 |
[1:14:27] | No! What a nasty story. | 不!多么悲惨的故事。 |
[1:14:30] | Bobick told it to me. He heard it from one of the Karamazov brothers. | 博比克告诉我的,他是从 卡拉马佐夫兄弟之一那儿听说的。 |
[1:14:35] | – He must have been possessed. – Well, he was a raw youth. | – 噢,他一定是魔鬼缠身了。 – 嗯,他本来就是个流氓阿飞。 |
[1:14:38] | – Raw youth? He was an idiot. – And he acted insulted and injured. | – 流氓阿飞?他是白痴。 – 他表现得像是受到了侮辱和损害。 |
[1:14:42] | – I hear he was a gambler. – You know, he could be your double. | – 我听说他是个赌徒。 – 你知道,他可以成为你的替身。 |
[1:14:47] | Really? How novel. | 真的吗?好奇怪啊。 |
[1:14:49] | Son, | 孩子, |
[1:14:51] | for long years I have saved this piece of land for you. | 多年以来,我一直为你 保留着这块土地。 |
[1:14:56] | – Look, it has a house on it. – Yes, it’s a nice little house. | – 你瞧,现在在上面有了所房子。 – 是的,一所细巧的小房子。 |
[1:14:59] | You haven’t wasted your life, I see. | 你没有浪费你的生命,我看。 |
[1:15:02] | Don’t let any strangers come on it. | 千万别让任何陌生人踏上这块土地。 |
[1:15:05] | No, no strangers. | 好的,不会有陌生人的。 |
[1:15:07] | You’re a major loon, you know that? | 你是个大号的笨蛋,你知道吗? |
[1:15:11] | Next year I’ll expect to build a guest house. | 明年,我打算再建一所客人住的房子。 |
[1:15:16] | Oh, a little tiny guest house with a handball court | 噢,一所微小的客人住的房子, 再带个手球场, |
[1:15:20] | and a little, little swimming pool for fleas or something? | 和一个小小的、小小的游泳池, 供跳蚤或什么使用的? |
[1:15:23] | Yes, well, you’ll want to get some rest in your rubber bedroom now. | 好的,很好,你现在应该回到你的 橡胶墙面的卧室里去休息一下了。 |
[1:15:48] | – Who are you? – I am an angel of God. | – 你是谁? – 我是上帝的天使。 |
[1:15:53] | – You’re kidding. – Fear not, Boris. | – 你开玩笑! – 别害怕,鲍里斯。 |
[1:15:57] | You have led a just life, | 你一生都过得很正直, |
[1:15:59] | and at the last minute, before the execution, | 在行刑前的最后一分钟, |
[1:16:03] | the emperor plans to pardon you. | 皇帝会计划赦免你。 |
[1:16:06] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[1:16:08] | He will make a great personal show of his generosity, | 他会将它变成一种 显示他的宽宏大量的个人表演, |
[1:16:12] | and you will have learned your lesson, | 而你则由此汲取了教训, |
[1:16:15] | but you will not be executed. | 总之,你不会被处死。 |
[1:16:21] | Then there is a God. | 这么说是存在上帝。 |
[1:16:23] | Incredible. | 难以置信! |
[1:16:25] | Moses was right. | 摩西是对的。 |
[1:16:27] | He that abideth in truth | 谁坚持真理, |
[1:16:31] | and will have frankincense and myrrh smeared on his gums in abundance, | 谁就将会有厚厚的乳香和没药 涂满他的牙龈, |
[1:16:37] | and he shall dwell in the house of the Lord | 谁就将定居在上帝提供的住所里, |
[1:16:41] | for six months with an option to buy. | 可以先住六个月,然后再决定是否购买。 |
[1:16:44] | But the wicked man shall have all kinds of problems. | 然而,邪恶的人…邪恶的人 将会面临各种各样的问题, |
[1:16:49] | His tongue shall cleave to the roof of his upper palate. | 他的舌头会粘在他上腭的天花板上, |
[1:16:52] | And he shall speak like a woman, if you watch him closely | 如果你仔细注意他的话, 会发现他说话像个娘们。 |
[1:16:56] | And he shall… | 他会…… |
[1:16:58] | The wicked man shall be delivered into the hands of his enemy, | 邪恶的人会被送到他的敌人的手中, |
[1:17:02] | whether they can pay the delivery charge or not. | 不管他的敌人能否付得起 他的运送费用。 |
[1:17:05] | And… Wait, I have more | 还有…等等,关于邪恶的人… |
[1:17:07] | about the wicked man. | …我还没说完。 |
[1:17:08] | I shall walk through the valley of the shadow of death… | 我要走过死亡阴影之山谷…… |
[1:17:13] | In fact, now that I think of it, | 实际上,既然我想到了这点, |
[1:17:15] | I shall run through the valley of the shadow of death, | 我要跑过死亡阴影之山谷, |
[1:17:18] | cos you get out of the valley quicker that way. | 因为那样的话 可以更快地离开那山谷。 |
[1:17:21] | And he that hath clean hands and a pure heart is OK in my book. | 在我的观念中,拥有一双洁净的手和 一颗纯洁的心的人,都没什么问题。 |
[1:17:27] | But he that fools around with | 但是,那些在牲畜棚里和动物… |
[1:17:32] | barnyard animals has got to be watched. | …胡搞的人,你就要注意了。 |
[1:17:35] | I thank you. | 我谢谢你! |
[1:17:41] | All right, Grushenko, come on. Let’s go. | 好了,格鲁申科,快点,我们走吧。 |
[1:17:44] | You guys are late. I’ve been waitin’ here since 6.30. | 你们晚了啊,从六点半起 我就一直等在这里了。 |
[1:17:47] | – You’re awfully cheerful. – You know how it is | – 你兴致颇高嘛。 – 是啊,当你格外勇敢的时候, |
[1:17:50] | when you’re extra brave. Probably not. | 你就会无所畏惧。也许不会。 |
[1:17:53] | 罗森的婚礼:二楼 俄国牙医和畸齿矫正:中层楼 格鲁申科行刑:底楼 | |
[1:18:01] | Busy day, huh? Are you guys having a sale? | 今天够忙,哈? 你们要搞打折促销吗? |
[1:18:05] | No blindfold. That’s for losers. I like to see where the bullet hits. | 别蒙住眼睛,那是给胆小鬼的。 我喜欢看看子弹打中哪儿了。 |
[1:18:09] | I learned that during the war. I was decorated, you know. | 这是我在战场上学会的, 我得到过勋章,你知道。 |
[1:18:13] | Wonder what the emperor’s doing today? | 很想知道皇帝今天在忙活些啥? |
[1:18:17] | – Ready. – You wanna move closer? Don’t miss. | – 预备! – 你们想更靠近点吗?别打歪咯。 |
[1:18:20] | Looks bad on the report. | 那样的话,报告就不好写了。 |
[1:18:22] | Aim. | 瞄准! |
[1:18:23] | Boy, the emperor’s really cutting it close. | 天呐,皇帝真的喜欢玩心跳啊! |
[1:18:26] | What a flair for the dramatic… that old slyboots. | 他玩戏剧性的本领真是高强…… 那个老奸巨滑的家伙! |
[1:18:31] | Fire. | 射击! |
[1:18:33] | It’s a very complicated situation, cousin Sonja. | 这里面的情况非常复杂,索尼亚表姐。 |
[1:18:37] | I’m in love with Alexei. He loves Alicia. | 我爱上了阿历克塞,他爱阿丽西娅。 |
[1:18:41] | Alicia’s having an affair with Lev. | 阿丽西娅和列夫有一腿。 |
[1:18:45] | Lev loves Tatiana. | 列夫爱塔蒂亚娜。 |
[1:18:47] | Tatiana loves Simkin. | 塔蒂亚娜爱辛姆金。 |
[1:18:50] | Simkin loves me. | 辛姆金爱我。 |
[1:18:53] | I love Simkin, but in a different way than Alexei. | 我也爱辛姆金, 可是又与爱阿历克塞不同。 |
[1:18:58] | Alexei loves Tatiana like a sister. | 阿历克塞爱塔蒂亚娜像妹妹一样, |
[1:19:01] | Tatiana’s sister loves Trigorian like a brother. | 塔蒂亚娜的妹妹爱 特里戈利安像哥哥一样。 |
[1:19:06] | Trigorian’s brother is having an affair with my sister, | 特里戈利安的弟弟 和我姐姐又有一腿, |
[1:19:10] | who he likes physically, but not spiritually. | 他只是肉体上的喜欢 而不是精神上的。 |
[1:19:13] | Natasha, it’s getting a little late. | 娜塔莎,天有点晚了。 |
[1:19:16] | The firm of Mishkin and Mishkin | “米希金和米希金公司”… |
[1:19:18] | is sleeping with the firm of Taskov and Taskov. | …与“塔斯科夫和 塔斯科夫公司”合伙上床。 |
[1:19:22] | Natasha, to love is to suffer. | 娜塔莎,爱就是遭罪。 |
[1:19:25] | To avoid suffering, one must not love. | 为了避免遭罪,就不要去爱。 |
[1:19:28] | But then one suffers from not loving. | 但是这样一来又会因为没有爱而遭罪。 |
[1:19:31] | Therefore, to love is to suffer. | 因此,爱是遭罪, |
[1:19:33] | Not to love is to suffer. To suffer is to suffer. | 不爱也是遭罪, 遭罪就是遭罪。 |
[1:19:37] | To be happy is to love. | 要幸福就要去爱, |
[1:19:40] | To be happy, then, is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy. | 要幸福于是就要遭罪, 可是一遭罪又不觉得幸福。 |
[1:19:44] | Therefore, to be unhappy one must love, | 因此,要想不幸福就必须去爱, |
[1:19:47] | or love to suffer, or suffer from too much happiness… | 或因爱而遭罪, 或因太多的幸福而遭罪…… |
[1:19:50] | I hope you’re getting this down. | 我希望你已经记住了这些。 |
[1:19:54] | I never want to marry. | 我从不想结婚, |
[1:19:58] | I just want to get divorced. | 我只是想离婚。 |
[1:20:01] | Oh, look. It’s Boris. | 噢,看,你看,那是鲍里斯! |
[1:20:08] | Boris, what happened? | 鲍里斯!鲍里斯,出什么事了? |
[1:20:11] | – I got screwed. – How? | – 我被整了。 – 怎么会? |
[1:20:14] | I don’t know. Some vision said I was going to get pardoned, and they shot me. | 我不知道,有个幻象过来说我会得到赦免, 可是他们还是打死了我。 |
[1:20:18] | You were my one great love. | 你曾是我的挚爱。 |
[1:20:21] | Thank you very much. I appreciate that. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m dead. | 噢,非常感谢!我很欣赏你这么说。 现在,不得不求你原谅,我已经死了。 |
[1:20:25] | – What’s it like? | – What’s it like? – 感觉怎么样啊? – 感觉怎么样? |
[1:20:28] | You know the chicken at Tresky’s restaurant? | 你知道“特雷斯基餐馆”做的鸡肉吗? |
[1:20:31] | – Yeah. – It’s worse. | – 知道。 – 比那还糟。 |
[1:20:39] | Worse than the chicken at Tresky’s. | 比“特雷斯基餐馆”做的鸡肉还糟。 |
[1:20:42] | Oh, well, life must go on. | 噢,是啊,生活还得继续。 |
[1:20:45] | The last traces of the shimmering dusk | 微弱的薄暮所闪动着的最后的余晖… |
[1:20:48] | are setting behind the quickly darkening evening, | …正迅捷地落到了黑暗的夜幕之后, |
[1:20:52] | and it’s only noon. | 可现在还是中午。 |
[1:20:55] | Soon we shall be covered by wheat. | 马上,我们就会被麦子所覆盖。 |
[1:20:59] | Did you say | 你是说… |
[1:21:01] | wheat? | …麦子? |
[1:21:03] | Wheat. | 麦子。 |
[1:21:06] | Wheat. I’m dead, they’re talking about wheat. | 麦子。我死了,他们却在谈论麦子。 |
[1:21:10] | The question is, have I learned anything about life? | 问题是,我有没有 从生命中学到什么东西? |
[1:21:14] | Only that human beings are divided into mind and body. | 我只知道人类可以被分为两大块: 心灵和肉体。 |
[1:21:18] | The mind embraces all the nobler aspirations, like poetry and philosophy, | 心灵拥抱所有高尚的志趣, 譬如诗歌和哲学, |
[1:21:23] | but the body has all the fun. | 而肉体获得所有的乐趣。 |
[1:21:27] | The important thing, I think, is not to be bitter. | 重要的事,我认为是不要痛苦失望。 |
[1:21:31] | You know, if it turns out that there is a God, I don’t think that he’s evil. | 你知道,要是果真存在着上帝, 我不认为他是个坏蛋。 |
[1:21:35] | I think the worst you can say about him is that basically he’s an underachiever. | 我想你最多可以说他基本上是个 力不从心的家伙。 |
[1:21:40] | After all, you know, there are worse things in life than death. | 不管怎么说,你知道, 生命中有比死亡更糟糕的事。 |
[1:21:44] | If you’ve ever spent an evening with an insurance salesman, | 我是说你要是和一个 保险推销员过过一个夜晚, |
[1:21:47] | you know exactly what I mean. | 你就很明白我的意思了。 |
[1:21:49] | The key here, I think, is to not think of death as an end, | 这里的关键是,我认为, 不要把死亡看成是终结, |
[1:21:53] | but think of it more as a very effective way of cutting down on your expenses. | 更应该把它看成是一种非常有效的途径, 可以用来削减你的开支。 |
[1:21:59] | Regarding love… You know, what can you say? | 至于说到爱…呵…… 你知道,我还有什么好说的呢? |
[1:22:03] | It’s not the quantity of your sexual relations that count. | 不要计较你发生性关系的数量, |
[1:22:08] | It’s the quality. | 重要的是质量。 |
[1:22:10] | On the other hand, if the quantity drops below once every eight months, | 从另一方面来说,如果数量降到了 每八个月一次以下的话, |
[1:22:14] | I would definitely look into it. | 那么我肯定要仔细检查一下了。 |
[1:22:17] | Well, that’s about it for me, folks. | 好了,我的故事差不多讲完了,朋友们。 |
[1:22:20] | Goodbye. | 再见。 |
[1:22:45] | 剧终 | |
[1:23:46] | [ Visiontext Subtitles: Julie Clayton ] | [ 英文字幕:朱莉・克莱顿 ] |
[1:23:54] | [ translation & synchronization: loco-whopper ] | [ 中文翻译、字幕同步:疯狂弥天大幌 ] |
[1:24:06] | [ thanks for watching! ] | [ 谢谢观看!] |