英文名称:Little Children
年代:2006
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:33] | Want to take a walk with me? | 想和我一起走走吗? |
[01:21] | …continue to protest the presence of a convicted sex offender | …继续抗议性犯罪者在他们街区居住 |
[01:25] | in their neighborhood. Michelle Betler reports. | 请听米歇尔.贝特勒发回的报道 |
[01:27] | Thanks, Rick. I’ standing here on Woodward Court, | 谢谢,约克 我现在位于伍德沃场 |
[01:30] | the quiet residential street | 这个往日宁静的居民区 |
[01:32] | that has become the focus of controversy | 现在却成为争论的焦点 |
[01:34] | ever since 48-year-old Ronald James McGorvey returned here | 这一切都源于因对 未成年人进行猥琐暴露而被判入狱的 |
[01:37] | after serving a two-year prison sentence | 现年48岁的 罗纳德.吉姆斯.麦克格威 |
[01:39] | for indecent exposure to a minor. | 在服刑2年后又返回这里居住 |
[01:41] | In the past few days an organization | 在过去的几天里 |
[01:43] | known as the Committee of Concerned Parents | 一个叫做“忧心父母委员会”的组织 |
[01:45] | began distributing these notices throughout the community | 开始在社区发放这些公告 |
[01:48] | warning neighbors of what they call a quote, | 警告居民们留神注意 用他们自己的话就是当心 “潜伏于我们之中的禽兽” |
[01:51] | “dangerous predator in our midst.” | |
[01:53] | I don’t really like having him that close to my family. | 我讨厌这种他离我家近在咫尺的感觉 |
[01:56] | I think it’s outrageous. This block has too many children | 我觉得这太过分了 街区里这么多孩子 怎么能叫性犯罪者住这儿? |
[02:00] | for a sex offender to, uh, be moving in the neighborhood. | |
[02:03] | L… I don’t think it’s a good idea. | 我…我不赞成叫他住这 |
[02:05] | Makes me very nervous. Makes me a little enraged. | 我很紧张,还有些恼火 |
[02:07] | Um, I’d have a problem if I see him on the street. | 呃,要是在街上看到他 我会很不舒服的 |
[02:10] | It’s like having an alcoholic work in a bar. | 感觉就象酒鬼在酒吧工作一样 |
[02:12] | They don’t mix. They shouldn’t be together. | 根本就不匹配,不合适 |
[02:15] | The conditions of his parole expressly forbid McGorvey | 他的假释条件明确规定 |
[02:18] | to be within 100 yards of any playground, | 禁止麦克格威靠近操场,学校 娱乐场所,这些孩子们聚集的地方 |
[02:20] | school or recreation area where children normally gather. | |
[02:24] | These conditions seem to be of little comfort | 对于那些有孩子在这个社区 玩耍学习的家长来说 |
[02:26] | to the many parents whose children play and go to school | |
[02:29] | in this formerly tranquil community, | 这些限制稍稍缓解了他们的焦虑 |
[02:31] | and who in the coming days and weeks will be hoping for the best | 在接下来的时间里 家长们将抱最大的希望,做最坏的准备 约克,现在将镜头交还给你 片名:身为人母 |
[02:34] | but preparing for the worst. Rick, back to you. | |
[02:47] | My husband and I had an actual spiritual experience. | 我和我丈夫经历过一次真正的灵魂体验 |
[02:51] | We did this intense spa treatment… | 那是在一次强度温泉治疗时… |
[02:54] | – Oh, come on. – No, listen to me. | – 哦,少来啦 – 不,听我说 |
[02:56] | It was on our vacation in Cabo and there were eight other couples | 那时我们在卡博度假 当时还有另外8对夫妻和一个玛雅女人 |
[02:59] | and this Mayan woman. | |
[03:01] | A goddess, just a goddess. | 女神,她简直就是个女神 |
[03:03] | – She had… – She’s due in September. | – 她… – 她9月份临产 |
[03:05] | She thinks she’s gonna take three months off, | 她想休3个月产假 |
[03:07] | then it’s Christmas, then she’ll be back to work the first of the year. | 之后就是圣诞节 这样她年初就能回去上班 |
[03:10] | Please. | 现实点吧 |
[03:12] | Six months from now she’ll be right here on this bench with us. | 半年后她肯定会和我们 一起坐在这张长椅上 |
[03:15] | My friend Beth said that the way she did it | 我朋友说她的对策就是 每次上厕所的时候都带上她儿子 |
[03:17] | was to just take him with her every time she went to the bathroom. | |
[03:20] | – I find that strange. – Yeah, that’s what I said to Beth. | – 那样感觉怪怪的 – 是啊,我就是这么和她说的 |
[03:23] | It’s Oedipal. | 这就叫恋母情结 |
[03:25] | What’s the rush? | 着什么急呢? |
[03:27] | Although I will say, when I was trying to potty-train Christian, | 我得承认,当初我如厕训练克里斯蒂 |
[03:30] | I opened the diaper and it was huge! | 打开尿布一看 他的小jj可真大! |
[03:33] | Like a grown man. | 就象成人的一样 |
[03:34] | Smiling politely to mask a familiar feeling of desperation | 用优雅的微笑掩盖孳生已久的绝望 |
[03:38] | Sarah reminded herself to think like an anthropologist. | 莎拉提醒自己要象 人类学家般的思考问题 |
[03:42] | She was a researcher studying the behavior of typical suburban women. | 她曾经是研究 “典型郊区妇女行为”的学者 |
[03:46] | They werert organic? | 他们不是自然发育的? |
[03:48] | She was not a typical suburban woman herself. | 她自己可不是典型郊区妇女 |
[03:51] | Troy, stop that! | 特洛伊,别那样! |
[03:53] | Paul and I were having sex the other night | 有天晚上我和保罗做爱的时候 |
[03:54] | and I drifted off right in the middle of it. | 我居然半道睡着了 |
[03:57] | It happens. | 这种事时有发生 |
[03:58] | Yeah, I guess. But when I woke up and apologized | 是啊,大概是吧 当我醒来向他道歉的时候 |
[04:02] | he said he hadrt even noticed. | 他说他根本就没发觉 |
[04:04] | You know what you should do? | 你知道你该怎么做吗? |
[04:05] | Set aside a specific block of time for it. | 拿出固定时间来做爱 |
[04:08] | That’s what Louis and I do… every Tuesday night at 9:00. | 我和路易斯就这么办… 每周二晚上9点是我们的固定时间 |
[04:11] | “Whether you want to or not” Sarah thought, | “不管你愿意不愿意”莎拉想道 |
[04:13] | her eyes straying over to the play area. | 她将目光移向操场 |
[04:17] | Even at such a tiny playground as this | 即使是象这样的小操场 |
[04:20] | Lucy didn’t interact much with the other children. | 露西也不和其他孩子玩耍 |
[04:23] | Sarah didn’t really know why they even bothered coming here, | 莎拉不清楚这些人为什么要来这儿 |
[04:25] | except that she’d probably go crazy | 她只知道要是整天 和她这个难以琢磨的女儿困在家里 |
[04:27] | trapped in the house all day | |
[04:29] | with this unknowable little person. | 她可能会疯掉 |
[04:39] | Morning snack time was 10:30 on the dot… | 10点半准时是加餐时间… |
[04:40] | Snack time! | 加餐啦! |
[04:43] | …a regimen established and maintained by Mary Ann, | …由玛丽安制定并保持的制度 |
[04:45] | who believed that rigid adherence to a timetable | 她坚信严格的遵循时间 不但是健康婚姻的关键 |
[04:48] | was not only the key to a healthy marriage, | |
[04:50] | but to effective parenting as well. | 在养育孩子上也是至关重要 |
[04:52] | – I’ll take this one! – I want that one! | – 我要这个! – 我要那个! |
[04:57] | – Can I do it? – Yeah. Ready? | – 能让我来吗? – 好的,准备好了吗? |
[05:03] | Mommy… | 妈妈… |
[05:06] | where’s my snack? | 我的加餐呢? |
[05:08] | I’ sorry, honey, Mommy can’t find it. | 对不起,宝贝 妈妈找不到了 |
[05:10] | – I forgot the rice cakes. – Poor thing. | – 我忘了带年糕 – 可怜的人啊 |
[05:13] | – I’ sure it’s in here somewhere. – Second time this week. | – 肯定就在这里的 – 这周已经2次了 |
[05:15] | Well, who’s going to keep track of everything? | 疏能无过呢? |
[05:17] | – Bad mommy. Bad mommy. – Just calm down, please. | – 坏妈妈,坏妈妈 – 静一下,好吗? |
[05:19] | No calm down! I want my snack! | 不行!我要我的加餐! |
[05:23] | All right, you know what? It’s… | 好吧,你知道吗?这个… |
[05:25] | it’s just not here, okay? See for yourself. | 你的加餐不在这,知道吗? 不信你自己看 |
[05:31] | Wait! | 等下! |
[05:33] | Troy, honey, give Lucy your goldfish. | 特洛伊,亲爱的 把你的“金鱼”给露西 |
[05:36] | No! | 不行! |
[05:38] | Troy Jonathan, give me those goldfish! | 特洛伊. 乔纳森! 把那些“金鱼”给我! |
[05:40] | But, Mama, they’re mine. | 但是,妈妈,他们是我的 |
[05:41] | No back talk. You can share with your sister. | 不准顶嘴,和你妹妹一起吃 |
[05:44] | Troy has goldfish for you. Go sit down. | 特洛伊那儿有“金鱼”,去坐下 |
[05:46] | That’s much more than 10. | 那可不止10个呢 |
[05:48] | – That’s great. – Look how big I made my lawn. | – 太好了 – 看我建的草坪多大啊 |
[05:51] | Thank you, Mary Ann, you’re a life saver. | 谢谢,玛丽安,你救了我 |
[05:53] | It’s nothing. I just hate to see her suffer like that. | 没什么,我只是受不了她那样挨饿 |
[05:58] | Maybe you should make a checklist and tape it to the door | 也许你该列个清单 然后把它钉在门上 |
[06:01] | so it’s the last thing you see before leaving the house. | 这样离家前能提醒你 |
[06:03] | That’s what I do. | 我就是这么做的 |
[06:05] | Yeah, thank you. That’s… that’s a really helpful suggestion. | 好的,谢谢,真是… 这建议太有用了 不客气 |
[06:11] | You’re welcome. | |
[06:12] | Drink your juice. | 把果汁喝了 |
[06:15] | Are you the plane again? | 你又是飞机? |
[06:17] | Look. | 快看啊 |
[06:18] | Now you have to act like me. | 现在你该象我这样 |
[06:20] | The prom king. | 舞会国王 |
[06:23] | Oh my God, he’s back. | 哦,天啊,他回来了 |
[06:26] | Sarah followed the other womers gazes | 莎拉顺着其他女人 |
[06:28] | over to the entrance of the playground, | 将目光投到操场入口处 |
[06:30] | eager to finally get a glimpse of the prom king, | 希望还能有机会最后瞥见舞会国王 |
[06:33] | the handsome and mysterious young father | 那个英俊而又充满神秘色彩的父亲 |
[06:36] | who had been a regular at the Walker Street playground | 今年春天连续有好几周 出现在沃克街操场 |
[06:38] | for several weeks this past spring | |
[06:40] | before abruptly dropping out of sight. | 之后突然间就消失了 |
[06:44] | I don’t need a rest. I need an airplane ride. | 我不需要休息,我要做飞机 |
[06:47] | His departure had left a gaping hole in the emotional lives | 他的消失给谢丽尔,特里萨 和玛丽安的情感生活平添了几多空洞 |
[06:50] | of Cheryl, Theresa and Mary Ann. | |
[06:53] | Barely a day went by without one of them speculating wistfully | 但是他们中却没人渴望推测出 他离开的原因以及回来的可能性 |
[06:56] | about the reason for his absence and the likelihood of his return. | |
[07:02] | Here I come. There’s no room for two of us, diesel. | 我来啦,这点儿地方可不够 我们两个人呆的,柴油机 |
[07:06] | You’ve done it again. | 你又来了 |
[07:08] | I hate steam engines. | 我讨厌蒸气机 |
[07:10] | When I come back I will pinch you with my pinchers. | 等我回来后,我要用我的钳子夹你 |
[07:13] | Yeah? Well, when I come back | 是吗?那,等我回来后 我要用我的撞锤撞你 |
[07:17] | I’ gonna ram you with my rammer. | |
[07:18] | – Ready? – No, you won’t. | – 准备好了吗? – 不,你不会的 |
[07:23] | Every time you win, diesel! | 每次都是你赢,柴油机! |
[07:27] | I know. | 当然了 |
[07:30] | – Hello! – Mommy’s home. | – 嗨! – 妈妈回来啦 |
[07:33] | The jester’s cap was something that truly disturbed Brad. | 小丑帽是真正令布莱德困扰的 |
[07:36] | All day long the boy ate, played and napped in it. | 一整天孩子吃东西,玩耍 甚至是睡觉都带着它 |
[07:39] | But the moment his mother stepped in the house he had no more use for it. | 但是只要他妈妈踏进家门 帽子对他就没有意义了 |
[07:43] | As if the entire day up to that point | 就好像在这一刻之前 |
[07:46] | had been a pointless and somewhat useless charade. | 一天中所经历的一切 都是一场毫无意义的游戏 |
[07:49] | You got some sun today, didn’t you? | 你今天晒到了,是吗? |
[07:51] | Did daddy forget the sunscreen again? | 爸爸又忘了带防晒霜吗? |
[07:55] | What are you doing? | 你干什么呢? |
[07:58] | That’s his full name. What’s your favorite thing about him? | 那是他的全名 你喜欢他哪里? |
[08:02] | Um… | 呃… |
[08:04] | I like to come over to his house. | 我喜欢去他家 |
[08:06] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[08:11] | I think I’ gonna finally break down and get a cell phone. | 我想我最终还是会克制不住买个手机 |
[08:14] | – Really? – Mmm. | – 真的吗? – 是 |
[08:17] | Why? | 为什么? |
[08:21] | I have no way of reaching you when I’ out with Aaron. | 我和亚伦在外面的时候 根本就没办法联系你 |
[08:24] | You’re done, right? | 你吃完了,对吗? |
[08:27] | You’ve got one. | 你就有一个 |
[08:29] | Don’t you think it’s strange that I don’t? | 我没有手机,你不觉得很奇怪吗? |
[08:31] | Yeah, I do. You just never wanted one before. | 是奇怪,只是以前你一直不想要 |
[08:35] | Yeah, I know. | 是,我知道 |
[08:37] | There’s a family plan. We can talk for free. | 作为家庭策略 我们完全可以免费谈话 |
[08:43] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:45] | Let’s just see where we are at the end of the month. | 看看月底的情况再说吧 |
[08:47] | Yeah? | 好吗? 你的手脏吗? |
[08:49] | Are your hands okay? | |
[09:07] | As was her custom each week night after dinner, | 平日晚饭后,做为惯例 |
[09:10] | the boy’s mother sent Brad down to the municipal library | 妻子都会叫布莱德到 图书馆去准备律师考试 |
[09:13] | to study for the bar exam. | |
[09:16] | But he never quite made it through the door of the building. | 但是他却连图书馆的大门 都没迈进去过 |
[09:22] | Brad had been watching the skateboarders for weeks now, | 布莱德己经有好几周 都在观看玩滑板 |
[09:26] | sometimes for as long as an hour at a stretch. | 有时候能一口气看上几个小时 |
[09:29] | But he never received the slightest acknowledgement from any of them. | 但是他却连一句 感谢之词都没听到过 |
[09:33] | He’d been the same age as these boys when his mother died. | 他母亲去世的时候 他就像这些孩子这么大 |
[09:37] | – You do that! – No way! | – 你来啊! – 不! |
[09:39] | – Nice. – Hey, that was nice, dude! | – 太棒了 – 嘿,老兄,刚才那个不错! |
[09:42] | “I must have been like this,” Brad sometimes thought. | “我一定也会这样” 有时候布莱德想道 |
[09:44] | “I must have been one of them.” | “我一定也会象他们那样” |
[09:52] | Awful. | 太可怕了 |
[09:55] | He should be castrated. | 应该把他阉了 |
[09:58] | Quick and clean, just chop it off. | 干净利落,直接把它切了 |
[10:00] | Then you wouldn’t have to worry about notifying the neighbors. | 这样就不需要警告大家了 |
[10:02] | You know what else you should do? | 你知道还该做什么吗? |
[10:04] | Nail his penis above the entrance to the elementary school. | 把他的阳具钉在小学大门上 |
[10:07] | You know, as a warning to other perverts. | 作为对其他变态的警告 |
[10:10] | You think this is funny? | 你觉得这很可笑吗? |
[10:11] | I just can’t believe you want to castrate a man for indecent exposure. | 我只是不敢相信你会因为 一个男人猥琐暴露而要阉了他 |
[10:15] | My brother used to expose himself when… | 我弟弟以前也喜欢暴露自己… |
[10:18] | when we were teenagers. He’d do it in my bedroom, | …当我们还是少年时 在我房间,在厨房 即使是在车后座,他都会那么干 |
[10:20] | he’d do it in the dining room, he’d do it in the back seat of a car. | |
[10:23] | He’d always figure out a way to do it so that nobody could see him except me. | 而且他总是有办法逃过 别人的眼睛,单单叫我看到 |
[10:26] | Didn’t you tell anyone? | 你没告诉别人吗? |
[10:29] | No, I didn’t want to get him in trouble. | 没有,我不想叫他惹上麻烦 |
[10:31] | Maybe he should be castrated. | 也许也应该把他阉了 |
[10:34] | It’s not the same thing. He wasrt doing it to strangers. | 那不是一回事 他并没有在外人面前那么做 |
[10:37] | Oh my God, there he is. | 哦,天,他来啦 |
[10:40] | After all this time, two days in a row. | 消失这么久之后 现在已经连续出现2天了 |
[10:43] | Where’s the fire? | 哪里着火了? |
[10:44] | Maybe he needed a vacation. | 也许他太累,度假去了 |
[10:47] | From what? | 累? |
[10:49] | From being the prom king. | 当舞会国王很累的 |
[10:52] | It’s a dirty job, but someone’s gotta do it. | 这活不好干,可总得有人做啊 |
[10:58] | – Close it? – Close it. | – 关上吗? – 关上 |
[11:00] | Close the gate. There you go. | 关上门,好的 |
[11:03] | – It’s open. – It’s all right. | – 门又开了 – 没事的 |
[11:06] | – Somebody else will close it. – Are we practicing? | – 会有人关上它的 – 我们要练习吗? |
[11:11] | Are we playing up on the swings? | 我们要玩秋千吗? |
[11:14] | Swing time! | 秋千时间到了! |
[11:21] | What’s he do for a living? | 他是做什么的? |
[11:23] | We’ve never actually spoken to him. | 我们还从来没和他说过话 |
[11:27] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[11:28] | We don’t even know his name. | 我们连他叫什么都不知道 |
[11:30] | I thought you guys said he was a regular here. | 你们不是说他以前是这儿的常客吗? |
[11:34] | – It was awkward. – He made us nervous. | – 太尴尬了 – 他搞得我们很紧张 |
[11:36] | You had to think about what you were gonna wear in the morning. | 你得考虑早上出门穿什么 |
[11:39] | You know, put on makeup. It was exhausting. | 化化妆,打扮一下,好麻烦的 |
[11:51] | Mommy, push me! | 妈妈,推我一下! |
[11:53] | Okay. I’ll be right there. | 好的,我马上就过来 |
[12:00] | Wait! | 等下! |
[12:04] | Five bucks if you get his phone number. | 5块钱,要是你能要来他的电话 |
[12:13] | How old is she? | 她多大了? |
[12:15] | Lucy, | 露西 |
[12:17] | tell the nice boy how old you are. | 告诉他你多大了 |
[12:20] | I’ three. | 3岁 |
[12:22] | My grandma lives in New Jersey. | 我外婆住在新泽西 |
[12:25] | She doesn’t have a swim pool. | 可她家没有游泳池 |
[12:28] | Do you like to swim? | 你喜欢游泳吗? |
[12:29] | I don’t like sharks. They eat you up. | 我不喜欢鲨鱼,他们会吃了你的 |
[12:33] | Don’t listen to him. | 别听他的 |
[12:35] | We go to the town pool almost every day. | 我们几乎每天都到游泳池去 |
[12:38] | – I’ Brad, by the way. – Sarah. | – 对了,我叫布莱德 – 莎拉 |
[12:42] | You guys come here a lot? | 你们常来这吗? |
[12:44] | No, just the last few weeks. | 不,几周前才开始来这儿的 |
[12:47] | I usually go to the one over on Harris, | 我常去哈里斯那儿的操场 |
[12:49] | with the big wood things, you know, and the slide across. | 那边有很多木质设施和滑梯什么的 |
[12:51] | Yeah, we actually rent a house right around the corner | 对,我们正好在那拐角处 在埃斯福那儿租了间房子 |
[12:53] | from there on Ashforth. | |
[12:55] | That ice cream truck never leaves. Such a nightmare. | 那辆冰激凌车从来都不走 简直太可怕了 |
[12:58] | Yeah, tell me about it. | 是啊,没错 |
[13:01] | You know, you’re the first person here who’s ever talked to me. | 你知道吗,你是这里 第一个和我说话的人 |
[13:06] | You make ’em nervous. | 你叫他们很紧张 |
[13:09] | Oh, right. | 哦,没错 |
[13:12] | I guess they don’t see too many fathers here during the weekdays. | 我想他们平日里 很少见到父亲出现在这里 |
[13:19] | You don’t have to be polite. Go ahead and ask. | 别客气,问吧 |
[13:21] | What? | 什么? |
[13:23] | You know, what the person who wears the pants in the family does for a living. | 我穿成这样,你一定猜出 我就是家庭妇男啦 |
[13:26] | Oh. All right, what does your wife do? | 哦,好吧 你太太是做什么的? |
[13:29] | – She makes documentaries. – Oh, wow. | – 她是搞记录片的 – 哦,哇 |
[13:33] | – Like Michael Moore? – Uh, like PBS. | – 象麦克.摩尔那样的? – 嗯,公共广播公司 (麦克.摩尔为“华氏911”导演) |
[13:36] | Oh. | 哦 |
[13:38] | Well, I think it’s admirable you’re here. | 我觉得你照看孩子的举动令人敬佩 |
[13:40] | There’s no reason fathers can’t be primary caregivers. | 做全职父亲没有什么不对的 |
[13:46] | I finished law school two years ago, | 我2年前读完法学院 |
[13:48] | but I can’t seem to pass the bar exam. Failed it twice now. | 但是一直过不了资格考试,己经2次了 |
[13:53] | Maybe you just don’t want to be a lawyer. | 也许是因为你不想当律师 |
[13:59] | I’ll take the test one more time. | 我会再考一次 |
[14:00] | If I mess up now | 要是再不过的话 |
[14:02] | I’ll just have to find something else to do with my life. | 我就另寻他路 |
[14:06] | – Right, buddy? – Right. | – 对吗,伙计? – 对 |
[14:09] | Sarah was shocked by how Brad delivered this confession, | 莎拉惊讶于布莱德的坦白方式 |
[14:12] | with no apparent sense of being in the least bit embarrassed by his failure. | 面对他的失败,面对如此 尴尬的境地,却依旧坦然 |
[14:16] | Most men werert like this. | 绝大多数男人都做不到这点 |
[14:19] | Her husband Richard certainly wasrt. | 至少她丈夫理查德做不到 |
[14:22] | She wondered if Brad was always this forthcoming. | 她不知道是否布莱德一向如此坦率 |
[14:24] | If anything, he seemed a little lonely, | 如果说有什么区别的话 他似乎有些孤独 |
[14:27] | all too ready to open his heart at the slightest sign of interest, | 除此之外 和她认识的很多年轻母亲一样 |
[14:31] | like a lot of young mothers she knew. | 他太容易敞开心扉了 |
[14:34] | I couldn’t help noticing your stroller. | 我注意到你的推车 |
[14:36] | Do you have another child? | 你有2个孩子? |
[14:38] | No, just Aaron. Got that at a yard sale. | 不,只有亚伦一个 这车是在旧货处理时掏的 |
[14:41] | Extra seat comes in handy for the bear, though. | 多余的那个座位正好可以放玩具 |
[14:45] | Lucy refuses to go in a stroller or a car seat. | 露西就坚决不坐推车 或者是汽车上的儿童座位 |
[14:48] | We have to walk everywhere. It takes us half an hour to go three blocks, | 我们到哪去都只能步行 除非抱她走,否则的话 3个街区就得走半小时 |
[14:51] | unless I carry her. | |
[14:53] | – Daddy, I’ finished. – Are you sure? We just got here. | – 爸爸,我不想玩了 – 真的吗?我们才刚来 |
[14:57] | I’ finished right now. | 我现在玩够了 |
[15:00] | Okay. All right, here we go. | 好,好的 |
[15:02] | Ready? One, two, three. | 准备好了? |
[15:05] | – Oops. – Oh, hold on for a second. | – 呃 – 哦,等一下 |
[15:07] | – There, thank you. – Are you okay? | – 好了,谢谢 – 你还好吗? |
[15:09] | No problem. | 不客气 |
[15:10] | It was then while watching Brad kneel down at his sors feet | 在看到布莱德跪在 他儿子面前的那一刻 |
[15:14] | that Sarah found herself gripped by an unexpected pang of sadness. | 莎拉感到了一种史料不及的悲哀 |
[15:18] | “Don’t go,” she thought. | “别走”,她想道 |
[15:22] | “Don’t leave me here with the others.” | “不要把我扔在这里” |
[15:25] | – It was nice talking to you. – Same here. | – 很高兴和你聊天 – 彼此彼此 |
[15:29] | Wait! Um… | 等一下!呃… |
[15:32] | Come here. Just… | 过来,我… |
[15:34] | come here. | 过来 |
[15:39] | You see those women over there? | 看到那儿的那些女人了吗? |
[15:41] | Just, yeah, don’t… don’t look. | 别,嗯,不要… 别往那儿看 |
[15:43] | You know what they call you? | 知道他们叫你什么吗? |
[15:46] | What? | 什么? |
[15:47] | The prom king. | 舞会国王 |
[15:49] | Oh God, really? | 哦,天,真的吗? |
[15:51] | Yeah, they mean it as a compliment. | 是的,那是他们对你的恭维 |
[15:54] | You’re a big character in their fantasy lives. | 在他们的幻想中,你可举足轻重呢 |
[15:56] | Wow. | 哇~ |
[15:58] | Um, so one of them bet me $5 I couldn’t get your phone number. | 呃,他们中的一个出5块钱 赌我要不到你的电话号码 |
[16:01] | Five bucks, huh? | 5块钱,哈? |
[16:04] | Yeah. | 对 |
[16:06] | Could we split it 50-50? | 我们能不能对半分? |
[16:08] | It could be arranged. | 没问题 |
[16:10] | It doesn’t have to be your real number. | 并不一定非要是真实号码 |
[16:12] | Oh, well, you know, in that case, sure. You got a pen? | 哦,嗯,这样的话,没问题 你有笔吗? |
[16:14] | Great. Oh shit, no l… um, no I don’t. | 太好了!哦,不,我… 嗯,我没有 |
[16:18] | – Uh… – Well… | – 呃… – 那… |
[16:20] | No wait, just… wait. | 不,等一下,只是…等一下 |
[16:22] | You know what’d really be funny? | 你知道怎么才会真正有趣吗? |
[16:25] | If you gave me a hug. | 要是你拥抱我一下的话 |
[16:28] | – You think? – Yeah. | – 你觉得会? – 是的 |
[16:32] | – Yeah. – All right, come here. | – 是的 – 好吧,过来 |
[16:35] | Oh my God. | 哦,我的天啊 |
[16:39] | Do you want to really freak them out? | 想不想真正吓他们一把? |
[16:42] | Yeah. | 想啊 |
[16:44] | Who’s gonna talk in there? | 谁要在那里说话? |
[16:48] | – Oh my God! – Troy! | – 哦,我的天! – 特洛伊! |
[16:49] | – Lucy! – Isabelle! | – 露西! – 伊莎贝尔! |
[16:51] | Isabelle! Come here, Isabelle. Okay, we have to go. | 伊莎贝尔!过来,伊莎贝尔 好啦,我们要走了 |
[16:54] | – Isabelle! – Troy! | – 伊莎贝尔! – 特洛伊! |
[16:55] | – I think that worked. – Yeah, I think so. | – 我觉得这招起作用了I – 是,我想也是 |
[16:59] | – Um, well, it was nice meeting you. – Yeah. | – 呃,很高兴认识你 – 我也是 |
[17:02] | It’s okay, yeah. We’re gonna go. | 好了,好了,我们得走了 |
[17:05] | – It’s all right. – Lucy? | – 好了 – 露西? |
[17:07] | We’re gonna go home. | 我们要回家了 |
[17:09] | Okay, here we go, good girl. | 好了,好了,乖孩子 |
[17:11] | Good girl. | 乖孩子 |
[17:16] | I’ sure your daughter found that very educational. | 你刚才那样一定 叫你女儿受益匪浅 |
[17:18] | His name is Brad. He’s a lawyer | 他叫布莱德,是个律师 |
[17:20] | and he’s really very nice. | 而且人极其友善 |
[17:26] | For the past few days Sarah hadrt been able | 过去的几天里 |
[17:28] | to concentrate on anything but the prom king | 莎拉满脑子里想的都是舞会国王 |
[17:31] | and the curious thing that had happened | 以及那天在操场上他们 之见发生的非比寻常的事情 |
[17:33] | between them on the playground. | |
[17:37] | She didn’t feel shame or guilt, | 她并不为此而羞愧内疚 |
[17:39] | only a sense of profound disorientation, | 只是感到一种极度的困惑 |
[17:43] | as if she had been kidnapped by aliens | 就好像是被外星人绑架 |
[17:45] | then released unarmed a few hours later. | 几个小时候之后 又安然无恙的被释放 |
[18:05] | As he had so often in recent days, | 就象他最近常做的 |
[18:07] | Brad mentally reenacted the kiss by the swing set. | 布莱德内心再次 重现了秋千旁的那一吻 |
[18:11] | He still couldn’t believe it had really happened. | 他始终无法相信 众目睽睽下发生的那一幕 |
[18:14] | And with all those women and children watching. | |
[18:16] | Troy! Troy! | 特洛伊!特洛伊! |
[18:17] | Aaron had been particularly curious about what he’d seen. | 亚伦对他所见的那一幕格外好奇 |
[18:20] | Why you hugging that lady? | 为什么你要抱那位太太? |
[18:22] | Well, that’s what I’ trying to show you with Bozo. | 我现在就是要拿博祖来给你解释 |
[18:24] | Sometimes it’s a game that adults play to show that they’re friends. | 有时候这是大人们之前的游戏 表示他们是朋友 |
[18:28] | You say, ” Hi, I’ your friend.” | 就好像是说“嗨,我是你朋友” |
[18:30] | Aaron was skeptical. | 亚伦很多疑 |
[18:32] | They returned to the playground the following morning, | 第二天早上他们又来到操场 |
[18:34] | but no one was there. | 但那里却空无一人 |
[18:37] | Sarah hadrt shown up at the town pool either, | 游泳池那儿也没看到莎拉的身影 |
[18:40] | though Brad remembered telling her that he and Aaron | 布莱德记得告诉过她基本上 每天下午他和亚伦都会去那儿 |
[18:42] | could be found there most afternoons. | |
[18:45] | It didn’t seem to matter that Sarah wasrt his type, | 尽管莎拉不是他喜欢的类型 |
[18:48] | wasrt even that pretty… at least not compared to Kathy, | 尽管她也不特别漂亮… 至少不如长腿 秀发,美胸的凯西漂亮 |
[18:52] | who had long legs and lustrous hair | |
[18:57] | and perfect breasts. | |
[18:59] | Sarah was short, boyish, | 莎拉矮小,缺少女人风韵 |
[19:02] | and had eyebrows that were thicker than Brad thought necessary. | 连她的眉毛,布莱德 都认为是超乎寻常的粗重 |
[19:07] | But even so, she’d walked into his arms that day | 尽管如此,那天 她还是走进了他的世界 |
[19:12] | as if she were fulfilling a secret wish | 就好像在满足他 忘记许诺的神秘愿望 |
[19:14] | he hadrt remembered making. | |
[19:18] | Hey, pervert! | 嘿,变态! |
[19:20] | Yeah, you, you pervert! | 对,就是你,变态! |
[19:22] | You like little boys, do you? | 你喜欢小男孩,是吗? |
[19:24] | – Larry? – Yes, it’s fucking Larry! | – 拉里? – 对,就是他妈的拉里! |
[19:27] | Jesus, man, don’t even joke about that. | 天,老兄,别拿这种事开玩笑 |
[19:29] | What are you doing? Are you busy? | 你干什么呢?忙吗? |
[19:31] | Uh, actually I’ supposed to be studying. | 呃,事实上我应该去学习的 |
[19:35] | Taking the bar exam next month. | 我下月要参加律师资格考试 |
[19:37] | I thought you did that last year. | 我还以为你去年考了呢 |
[19:40] | Yeah. See how well I did? | 是考了,现在知道我考的怎么样了吧? |
[19:43] | I got a better idea. Get in. | 我有个好主意,上车 |
[19:47] | Come on. Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on. | 快,快点… |
[19:52] | Do you mind holding these? Try to keep them nice. | 拿着这些好吗?别弄褶了 |
[19:55] | Oh, uh… | 哦,呃… |
[19:58] | are you, uh, part of the committee? | 你是,呃,这个委员会的? |
[20:03] | I am the committee. | 我就是委员会 |
[20:07] | Wow. | 哇~ |
[20:10] | That’s… that’s quite a commitment. | 那…那责任可不小呢 |
[20:12] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[20:14] | Arert you full time on the force already? | 你不早就是全职警察了吗? |
[20:19] | Yeah, I’… I’ taking a little time off. | 是的,我…我在休假 |
[20:26] | You know what they should do to this bastard? | 你知道应该怎么处置这个混蛋吗? |
[20:30] | Just castrate him. You know, pfft! | 阉了他,知道吗,就这样! |
[20:32] | Get it over with, right? | 这样就一了百了了,对吗? |
[20:36] | Yeah. | 对 |
[20:47] | You look good. | 你气色不错 |
[20:50] | You’ve been, uh, working out? | 你一直在健身吗? |
[20:54] | Uh, just push-ups, crunches… | 呃,就是些俯卧撑,仰卧起坐… |
[20:57] | a little light running. | 一些慢跑运动 |
[21:02] | The guys are gonna love this. | 那帮家伙会很高兴的 |
[21:06] | What guys? | 哪帮家伙? |
[21:09] | Wow, this is something. | 哇~真酷啊 |
[21:13] | Yeah, it’s pretty, but doesn’t have a lot of give. | 是啊,这里很不错 但是地面弹性不够好 |
[21:16] | It’s like playing on cement. | 就好像是在水泥地打球一样 |
[21:17] | Hey, hold on a second. | 嘿,等一下 |
[21:19] | Duane, I’ve really gotta talk to you about the committee. | 杜安,关于委员会的事 我需要和你好好谈谈 |
[21:21] | I mean, it would mean a lot to have your support on this thing. | 我是说,这件事上有你们支持 对我来说很重要 |
[21:24] | I told you already, Larry, none of us are gonna get involved in that shit. | 拉里,我已经和你说过了 我们都不打算趟这趟浑水 |
[21:27] | We’re here to play ball. If that’s your thing, fine, but leave us out of it. | 我们是来打球的 如果你想那么做的话 我没意见,只是别把我们扯进来 |
[21:30] | Okay okay, fine. I get it, I get it, I get it. Guys! | 好…我知道了… 伙计们! |
[21:33] | Bring it in! | 过来啦! |
[21:36] | Come on, come on, hustle up! | 快,快,快过来! |
[21:39] | I want you all to meet our new quarterback. | 来见见我们的新四分卫 |
[21:43] | – Quarterback? – Guy better not be a pussy. | – 四分卫? – 怎么感觉象个娘们 |
[21:46] | He played in college. | 他以前在大学里打球的 |
[21:47] | Uh, I’ a little behind the curve. | 呃,我水平中下 |
[21:49] | Who are you guys? | 你们是谁? |
[21:51] | – We’re the Guardians! – We’re cops. | – 我们是“守卫者”! – 我们是警察 |
[21:53] | Welcome to the Tri-County touch football night league. | 欢迎来“三郡”触身式橄榄球晚间俱乐部 |
[21:55] | Let’s just work on some simple pass patterns. | 我们先来练些简单的传球 |
[22:00] | Brad waited for his good sense to kick in. | 布莱德等待着理智的召唤 |
[22:03] | There were lots of excuses available to him. | 一大堆现成的理由 足以叫他拒绝这个邀请 |
[22:06] | But it felt so good to be standing here beneath the bright lights. | 但是沐浴在这耀眼 灯光下的感觉太舒服了 |
[22:10] | And he was filled with a feeling similar to the one | 他现在的感觉就和 亲吻莎拉之前的感觉一样 |
[22:12] | he’d had right before kissing Sarah, | |
[22:15] | like his world had cracked open | 就好像他的世界突然间打开 |
[22:17] | to reveal a thrilling new possibility. | 呈现出一幅令人兴奋的新天地 |
[22:21] | Okay, just let me warm up a little. | 好的,我先活动一下 |
[22:25] | All right! Let’s go! | 好的!来吧! |
[22:27] | Set, hut! | 准备,开始! |
[22:35] | What the fuck? | 他妈的怎么回事? |
[22:37] | That’s a late hit! | 你这是迟撞! |
[22:38] | This ain’t Pop Warner, ace. | 我们这可不是玩波普.华纳比赛,老大 (美国橄榄球竞赛项目,参赛选手为少年) |
[22:43] | You fucking faggot. You call yourself a quarterback? | 你这个同性恋 还好意思管自己叫四分卫? |
[22:59] | Oh, this isn’t me. | 哦,这不是我家 |
[23:04] | What are you doing? | 你干什么? |
[23:06] | What is that? What’s that for? | 干什么?这是干什么? |
[23:10] | I want the scumbag to know I’ keeping an eye on him. | 我要叫那个混蛋知道 我时刻都在注意着他 |
[23:18] | Oh, shit. Oh, uh… | 哦,妈的,哦,呃… |
[23:21] | I don’t think we want to be here, Larry. | 我们没想来这儿的,拉里 |
[23:24] | It’s not a question of want. | 这不是想不想的问题 |
[23:31] | Joanie thinks I’ obsessed with this creep. | 琼觉得我对这个混蛋念念不忘 |
[23:33] | She thinks if I had a job, I wouldn’t be driving past his house | 她觉得要是我有工作的话 就不会每天都路过他家5,6趟 但是你知道吗? |
[23:35] | five, six times a day. But you know what? | |
[23:39] | I kinda think this is my job. | 我觉得这就是我的工作 |
[23:45] | There’s a roll of duct tape in the glove compartment. | 杂物箱那有一卷强力胶 |
[23:47] | Would you grab it for me? | 能递给我吗? |
[23:58] | Honey? | 亲爱的? |
[24:03] | Hi! | 嗨! |
[24:07] | Where were you? | 你去哪儿了? |
[24:12] | Oh my God. What happened? | 哦,天,怎么了? |
[24:13] | L… l… I joined this group. | 我…我…我加入了委员会 |
[24:16] | The Committee for Concerned Parents. | “忧心父母委员会” |
[24:18] | We’re distributing flyers about that creep on Woodward Court. | 我们一起分发有关伍德沃场 那个混蛋的传单 |
[24:21] | These guys play a little touch football after. | 之后我们一起打了会儿橄榄球 |
[24:25] | This late? | 这么晚还打球? |
[24:27] | Uh, it’s a night league. | 嗯,是个晚间俱乐部 |
[24:30] | So it’s gonna be a regular thing? | 这么说以后会经常打球了? |
[24:34] | No no no no, just once a week, | 不,不…一周一次而已 |
[24:36] | after I’ done studying at the library. | 而且是在图书馆复习完之后 |
[24:39] | Is that okay? | 可以吗? |
[24:41] | Uh, who are the guys? | 里面都是什么人? |
[24:43] | You remember Larry Hedges? | 还记得拉里.海吉斯吗? |
[24:46] | The guy from the Sprinkler Park with the twins? | 斯普克勒公园带着 一对双胞胎的那家伙 |
[24:48] | It’s his organization. | 委员会是他创办的 |
[24:51] | I thought you didn’t like him. | 我还以为你不喜欢他 |
[24:55] | He’s okay. | 他人还不错 |
[24:57] | This committee makes a lot of sense. I mean it’s… | 这个委员会很有意义,我是说… |
[25:00] | it’s pretty scary having a weirdo like that | 那种变态就住在操场旁边太可怕了 |
[25:02] | living right by the playground. | |
[25:07] | Mmm. I know. | 嗯,是啊 |
[25:10] | I hate to even think about it. | 这事我都不愿意去想 |
[25:15] | Guess you’d better take a shower. | 你最好去冲个澡吧 |
[25:18] | Brad showered quickly, sensing a rare opportunity | 布莱德快速着冲着澡 察觉到眼前有个绝妙的机会 和他太太做爱 |
[25:21] | to have sex with his wife. | |
[25:24] | “This is just what I need,” he thought. | “这正是我需要的”他想道 |
[25:26] | “Something to take my mind off that kiss.” | “好叫我忘了那个吻” |
[25:29] | Please don’t. | 不要 |
[25:31] | Come on, Kathy, we’ve been through this before. | 别这样,凯西 这事我们之前谈过了 |
[25:33] | He needs to start sleeping by himself. | 他现在得开始自己睡 |
[25:35] | I know. He looks so comfy. | 我知道,他现在睡得很香 |
[25:37] | Well, he’ll be just as comfy in his own bed. | 他在自己床上也会睡得很舒服的 |
[25:38] | I just miss him so much. | 我好想他 |
[25:41] | I’ getting a little tired waking up with his foot in my face. | 我有点厌倦每次醒来时 他的脚都踩在我脸上 |
[25:44] | It’s a perfect foot. | 那可是个完美无缺的脚啊 |
[25:47] | Look at him. Just look at him. | 看看他,好好看着他 |
[25:51] | He’s a handsome devil. | 他真帅呆了 |
[25:52] | Mmm, he’s perfect. | 嗯,他太完美了 |
[26:09] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[26:15] | Number 2 Hillcrest | 山顶路2号是处令人难忘的房产 |
[26:17] | was an impressive piece of real estate. | |
[26:19] | Even so, Sarah was ambivalent | 尽管如此,莎拉对 这栋房子的感情还是复杂的 |
[26:21] | about the house she occupied. | |
[26:24] | She wasrt involved with its purchase or design. | 无论是购买或是设计都与她无关 |
[26:27] | The place was a hand-me-down of sorts from Richard’s mother. | 这地方是理查德母亲留下的 |
[26:30] | And the furnishings were leftovers from his first marriage. | 而家具则是来自他的第一次婚姻 |
[26:34] | By the time Sarah arrived here | 莎拉来到这里的时候 |
[26:36] | Richard wasrt all that interested in redecorating. | 理查德对重新装修没多大兴趣 |
[26:38] | And so she decided to leave it as it was, | 所以她决定这栋房子还是保留原样 |
[26:41] | with the exception of a single room that she staked out for her own | 只是将一个房间据为己有 |
[26:45] | and gradually began to populate it | 并逐渐用她的旧物来扩充这个房间 |
[26:47] | with the remnants of her former self. | |
[26:55] | From the moment Lucy was born | 自从有了露西 |
[26:57] | Sarah had refused to hire someone for child care. | 莎拉一直拒绝雇人照顾孩子 |
[27:00] | Read me a story? | 给我讲个故事? |
[27:03] | In a minute, okay? | 一会就讲,好吗? |
[27:05] | – Can I sit on your lap? – I said in a minute! | – 我能坐在你腿上吗? – 我说了一会就给你讲! |
[27:08] | Go finish your program, go. | 接着去看电视吧,快去 |
[27:10] | She wasrt exactly sure why she had taken this stance. | 她也不清楚为什么 对露西是这个态度 |
[27:13] | The truth was she spent most afternoons marking time, | 基本上每天下午,她都是在捱时间 |
[27:17] | waiting desperately for the moment when her husband returned from work | 急切的等待着他丈夫 下班回家的那一刻 |
[27:20] | and she could finally have a moment to herself. | 那时她才能有 真正属于自己的时间 |
[27:23] | But even this was not something she could rely on. | 但是有时连这点时间都没有保障 |
[27:25] | You’re ready to roll? | 准备好了吗? |
[27:27] | Could you wait a few minutes? | 能不能等几分钟? |
[27:29] | I’ sorry, Richard’s barricaded in the upstairs office | 抱歉,理查德在楼上的办公室忙着 |
[27:32] | – finishing some stuff for work. – No problem. | – 处理些工作上的事 – 没问题 |
[27:34] | I’ve got a little surprise for someone anyway. | 正好我有个惊喜要送给小家伙 |
[27:37] | She’s a terror at night. I couldn’t get her to nap again. | 她晚上可真讨厌 而且又不肯睡午觉 |
[27:39] | – Oh, the poor thing. – Poor mom is more like it. | – 哦,可怜的人 – 应该说可怜的妈妈 |
[27:42] | Hello. | 嗨 |
[27:44] | Is there a cute little girl in the house? | 这家有没有个可爱的小姑娘啊? |
[27:47] | Oh, my goodness! | 哦,天啊! |
[27:50] | What… | 这是… |
[27:53] | what have I found? | 我找到了什么啊? |
[27:55] | – A beanie. – Oh, a beanie. | – 小狗 – 哦,是小狗啊 |
[27:58] | Jean, you didn’t need to to that. | 简,没必要这么客气的 |
[27:59] | Oh, this little dog needed a girl to take care of him. | 这个小狗需要个小姑娘来照顾他 |
[28:03] | And I know a little girl who needed a dog. | 我知道有个小姑娘正好需要只小狗 |
[28:08] | Let me see. | 让我看看 |
[28:10] | Sarah was beginning to get angry. | 莎拉开始生气了 |
[28:12] | Her evening fitness walk was the one thing | 她每天最期待的就是傍晚的健身步行 这点理查德是知道的 |
[28:15] | she looked forward to all day, and Richard knew this. | |
[28:21] | But if there was one thing life had taught Richard, | 但是理查德唯一 从生活中领悟到的就是 |
[28:23] | it was that it was ridiculous | 与欲望为敌是荒谬的 |
[28:25] | to be at war with your own desires. | |
[28:28] | He could easily imagine what people would say if they could see him now… | 他轻易就能想象出,要是人们 看到他现在这样会有什么反应… |
[28:32] | Exactly the same thing they’d say if someone had told them | 就和有人告诉他们 隔壁的雷是易装癖 |
[28:35] | that Ray from next door was a transvestite, | |
[28:38] | or that Ted from work | 或是单位里的泰德在高速休息站 跟个男人干了的反应一般不二 |
[28:40] | had anonymous gay sex at highway rest stops. | |
[28:43] | “But we want what we want,” Richard thought, | “但是我们都想满足欲望” 理查德想道 |
[28:46] | “and there’s not much we can do about it.” | “这点谁都控制不了” |
[28:50] | He had stumbled on the site 11 months ago | 他是11个月前为一个咨询公司 做调查时无意发现这个网站的 |
[28:53] | while doing research for a consulting firm. | |
[28:56] | His office door was wide open. | 当时他办公室的门还大开着 |
[28:58] | But he clicked on the link anyway. | 但是他还是点击了链接 |
[29:09] | He was deeply engrossed in his discovery | 当泰德敲门时 他正全神贯注于他的新发现 |
[29:11] | when Ted knocked on his door. | |
[29:13] | I’ taking lunch orders. You want something? | 我正在统计午餐订单 有什么需要的吗? |
[29:15] | Casually, but with great haste | 故作漫不经心,理查德急忙将 “淫荡凯”从屏幕上消除… |
[29:17] | Richard banished Slutty Kay from his screen… | |
[29:20] | Uh, yeah, I’ll have a chicken Caesar. | 嗯,好的,我要恺撒鸡肉 |
[29:23] | …and reentered the flow of an ordinary day. | …之后又将思绪 重新拉回到现实生活中来 |
[29:28] | It wasrt until several months later | 直到几个月后 |
[29:31] | that Richard gave the slightest thought to the site he had stumbled upon. | 理查德才稍稍想起 他之前无意发现的那个网站 |
[29:37] | Do you need me for anything else? | 还有什么要我做的吗? |
[29:39] | Uh, no no, you can head home. | 哦,不,不,你可以走了 |
[29:41] | I’ just gonna catch up on some e-mail. | 我只是要回几封电子邮件 |
[29:43] | Well, don’t stay to late. Your dinner will get cold. | 别工作的太晚 否则晚饭就该凉了 |
[29:54] | Lately Slutty Kay had become a problem. | 最近“淫荡凯”成了他的困扰 |
[29:58] | He thought about her far to often, | 他总是想起她 |
[30:00] | and spent hours studying | 而且不停的研究网上 上千张的有关她的照片 |
[30:01] | the thousands of photographs available to him. | |
[30:05] | Some of Kay’s practices struck him as bizarre, | 凯的一些行为对于他来说 就是古怪甚至是恶心的 |
[30:08] | even off-putting. | |
[30:09] | She had a thing about kitchen utensils, | 她手拿厨房用具,抹刀 |
[30:13] | spatulas, and dressing up like a little girl | 打扮的象个小女孩似的,玩着气球 |
[30:15] | and playing with balloons. | |
[30:17] | But who was Richard to judge? | 但是理查德又有什么资格评判呢? |
[30:23] | Oh, that’s it. | 哦,就是这个 |
[30:25] | Though as close as Richard sometimes felt to Slutty Kay, | 尽管有时理查德感觉到 与“淫荡凯”亲密无间 |
[30:29] | as much as he believed that he knew her, | 坚信自己了解她 |
[30:31] | he could never get past the uncomfortable fact | 他却始终接受不了 |
[30:34] | that she existed for him solely as a digital image. | 对于他,凯只不过是个 数码图像这个事实 |
[30:48] | The panties were an attempt to solve this problem. | 这些内裤就是用来 解决这个问题的 |
[30:51] | Maybe a sniff or two would hurry things along, | 也许只需轻轻的嗅一两下 就能解决所有的问题 |
[30:55] | so he could get back downstairs to his real life, | 他就能回到楼下的现实生活中去 |
[30:58] | where his wife was waiting for him | 此时他妻子正等着他 |
[31:00] | her impatience increasing by the minute. | 而且越来越不耐烦 |
[31:03] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[31:59] | Are you almost finished there? ‘Cause I’d really like to go for my walk? | 你快完事了吗? 我真的很想去锻炼 |
[32:04] | – You could have knocked. – I did! | – 你该敲门的 – 我敲了! |
[32:09] | We need to talk. | 我们需要好好谈谈 |
[32:23] | You’re awfully quiet this evening. | 你今晚静的出奇 |
[32:25] | – Everything okay? – What? | – 出什么事了吗? – 什么? |
[32:28] | Yeah. | 对 |
[32:30] | You’ll have to walk without me tomorrow night. | 明天我不能陪你了 |
[32:33] | I’ve got a book group meeting. | 我要去参加“读书小组”活动 |
[32:35] | Okay. | 好的 |
[32:37] | You’re sure everything’s all right? | 真的没出什么事吗? |
[32:41] | Yeah, sorry. | 是,对不起 |
[32:43] | I guess I’ just a little tired. | 大概我是有点累了 |
[32:47] | So what are you reading? | 你最近在读什么? |
[32:49] | “Crime and Punishment.” | 罪与罚 |
[32:51] | Wow. That’s pretty highbrow for a book group. | 哇~你们选书可真有品味啊 |
[32:54] | Well, we have some very stimulating discussions. | 我们已经进行了几次激烈的讨论 |
[32:58] | You should come next month. We’re doing “Madame Bovary.” | 下个月你也应该一起来 我们要讨论“包法利夫人” |
[33:00] | You could be my little sister. | 你就当我小妹好了 |
[33:02] | Little sister? | 小妹? |
[33:04] | We’re trying to get younger women involved. | 我们正努力吸收年轻妇女加入 |
[33:08] | We call them our little sisters. | 称他们为我们的“小妹” |
[33:11] | I don’t know, Jean. | 我不知道,简 |
[33:13] | I read “Madame Bovary” in grad school. | 我研究生时读过“包法利夫人” |
[33:16] | It’s a pretty misogynist text. | 里面充斥着对女人的厌恶 |
[33:19] | Well, that’s an interesting perspective. | 你这观点可很有意思 |
[33:22] | – You should come. – Let me think about it. | – 你该来的 – 我想想再说吧 |
[33:25] | Oh, would you excuse me, Jean? | 哦,我先失陪下,简? |
[33:28] | Someone’s at my door. I’ll call you, okay? | 我家来客人了 我回来给你打电话,好吗? |
[33:31] | Hi! | 嗨! |
[33:36] | Hi! | 嗨! |
[33:42] | Wow, God, | 哇,天 |
[33:44] | this is a surprise. | 我太吃惊了 |
[33:46] | I haven’t seen you since… | 好久没见你了,自从那次… |
[33:48] | l… I hope you don’t mind. Your husband said you’d be back any minute. | 我…希望你别介意 你丈夫说你随时可能回来 |
[33:50] | Oh, no, not at all. | 哦,不,不介意 |
[33:52] | It’s good to see you. | 见到你很高兴 |
[33:54] | God, um, can I get you some tea or something? | 天,嗯,要喝点什么吗?茶? |
[33:58] | I can only stay a minute. I just came to warn you. | 我不能久待,我是来警告你的 |
[34:01] | – You know that guy, the pervert? – Uh-huh. | – 你知道那个变态吗? – 嗯 |
[34:03] | He’s been riding his bike near the playground | 他一直在操场附近骑车… |
[34:05] | – checking out the kids. – Oh, God. | – …窥视孩子们 – 哦,天啊 |
[34:08] | Oh, God, do the police know? | 哦,老天,警察知道这事吗? |
[34:10] | Nothing they can do. He’s not breaking any laws. | 他这样做并不违法 警察现在拿他也没办法 |
[34:12] | I guess they’re just waiting for him to kill someone. | 大概等他杀了人,警察才会出手 |
[34:16] | I just thought you should know. | 我只是觉得这事该告诉你一声 |
[34:18] | Thanks, that’s nice of you. | 谢谢,太感谢了 |
[34:22] | Let me get you some tea. | 我去给你拿杯茶来吧 |
[34:24] | I’ sorry. L… I don’t think it’s a good idea. | 抱歉,我…我觉得这不大好 |
[34:30] | I didn’t mean to kiss him. | 我不是真的想吻他 |
[34:33] | I don’t even know how it happened. | 莫名其妙的就发生了 |
[34:39] | I’d better go. Mike’s gonna worry. | 我得走了,麦克该担心了 |
[34:48] | You wanna talk? | 你想谈谈吗? |
[34:50] | I’ tired. | 我累了 布莱德,请看下这个 你真的需要这些吗? “男性健身” “体育画报” “育儿杂志” |
[36:26] | Hello. | 喂 |
[36:28] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[36:31] | No, he’s still sleeping. | 不,他还在睡觉 |
[36:35] | Yeah, I’, uh, I’ going through it right now. | 是,我,呃…我现在正在看 |
[36:41] | No, I guess I don’t need them. | 不,我不需要他们 |
[36:48] | Okay. | 好的 |
[36:51] | All right, bye. | 好的,再见 |
[37:58] | H-hi. | 嗨 |
[37:59] | H-hello? | 喂? |
[38:02] | Yes, I’d like to place an order. | 嗯,我想订一下东西 |
[38:05] | Pierce, Sarah, Mrs. | 皮而斯,莎拉,太太 |
[38:10] | Um… | 呃… |
[38:11] | it’s the red bathing suit on page 29. | 是29页上的红色泳衣 |
[38:16] | The hide-your-tummy halter neck. | 收腹,颈部系带的 |
[38:20] | Uh, I’ size… | 呃,我穿… |
[38:25] | 10, eight? I mean, I think. | 10号,8号?我想应该是 |
[38:29] | E-eight. | 8号 |
[39:13] | You want to go in the pool? | 想去游泳吗? |
[39:15] | You do? | 你想? |
[39:20] | One, two. | |
[39:29] | Daddy, can I go in the pool now? | 爸爸,我现在能去游泳吗? |
[39:32] | In a minute, okay? | 等一下,好吗? |
[39:34] | Okay. | 好啦 |
[39:37] | There you go. | |
[39:47] | Mommy, I have to go pee-pee. | 妈妈,我要尿尿 |
[39:50] | Just go in the pool. | 快去游泳吧 |
[39:52] | Huh-uh, I want to go to the bathroom. | 不,我想上厕所 |
[39:56] | Really? | 真的? |
[39:58] | Okay, come on. | 好吧,快点 |
[40:04] | Okay, ready? | 好了,准备好了吗? |
[40:06] | There. | 来 |
[40:37] | Swing down. | 向下摆 |
[40:42] | Hey, I’ drumming it. | 嘿,我在敲它呢 |
[40:45] | Oh. | 哦 |
[40:47] | Wow. | 哇 |
[40:50] | – It’s you. – Yeah, hey. | – 是你啊 – 嘿 |
[40:53] | – Hi! – Okay. | – 嗨! – 好啦 |
[40:57] | I hope you don’t mind. Lucy has sensitive skin. | 希望你别介意,露西皮肤敏感 |
[41:00] | She’s better off in the shade. | 最好待在荫凉下 |
[41:02] | Oh no, not at all. | 哦,不,当然不 |
[41:05] | It’s nice to see you again. | 再见到你真好 |
[41:06] | Yeah, you too. | 是啊 |
[41:11] | I’ sorry, would you get my back? | 抱歉,能不能帮我涂下后背? |
[41:13] | Um… okay, sure. | 呃…好的,没问题 |
[41:17] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[41:18] | Right. | 好的 |
[41:20] | #Who is knocking on the door? # | #谁在敲门? # |
[41:23] | – Thanks a lot. – # Knocking on the door # | – 多谢 – # 敲门 # |
[41:24] | #Knocking on the door # | #敲门 # |
[41:26] | – # Who is knocking on the door? # – It’s okay, just… | – # 谁在敲门? # – 没什么,那只是… |
[41:29] | #A way, hey hey. # | #大路,嘿嘿# |
[41:32] | Lucy, say hi to the little boy from the playground. | 露西,和在操场上见过的小哥哥打招呼 |
[41:34] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[41:35] | Hi. | |
[41:38] | You remember him? | 你还记得他? |
[41:45] | The pool became a ritual. | 游泳池成了他们的惯例 |
[41:47] | I was trying to think. I just didn’t know the way. | 我使劲想,可就是不知道怎么办 |
[41:50] | – Oh oh, okay. – I’ here, I’ here. | – 哦,哦,好啦 – 我在这,在这 |
[41:52] | We have the creature and we have flower. | 我们有动物也有鲜花 |
[41:54] | Right. | 没错 |
[41:55] | Day after day they sat together in the shade | 他们这样日复一日的 一起坐在荫凉下 |
[41:57] | getting to know each other. | 逐渐了解对方 |
[42:00] | This needs mustard. | 这个需要加芥末 |
[42:03] | – Mustard? – Yeah. | – 芥末? – 对 |
[42:06] | Having little choice in the matter, | 由于别无他选 |
[42:08] | Aaron and Lucy formed a fragile friendship. | 亚伦和露西也建立起了脆弱的友谊 |
[42:16] | Aw, that’s perfect. | 太好了 |
[42:18] | Sometimes Brad and Sarah traded offspring. | 有时候布莱德和莎拉互带孩子 |
[42:25] | Mama said, ” What Papa told you was right. | 妈妈说“爸爸告诉你的都是对的” |
[42:27] | It’s not a good idea to talk to strangers.” | “不要和陌生人攀谈” |
[42:30] | It was the most fun Sarah had had in years. | 那是莎拉多年来最开心的时刻 |
[42:47] | But there was always that longing to touch, | 她总是渴望抚摸布莱德 |
[42:51] | to be touched by Brad. | 渴望被他爱抚 |
[42:54] | And, as badly as she wanted this, | 与此同时 |
[42:58] | she wanted just as badly to hold on to the innocent public life | 她渴望维持他们之间的 这种单纯的朋友关系 |
[43:01] | they’d made for themselves out in the open. | |
[43:04] | So she accepted the trade… | 所以她接受这种交易… |
[43:06] | the melancholy handshake at 4:00 | 用下午4点告别时 依依不舍的握手 |
[43:10] | in exchange for this little patch of grass, | 来换取这片小小的草坪 |
[43:13] | some sunscreen and companionship. | 换取一些防晒霜和友谊 |
[43:15] | One more happy day at the pool. | 来换取泳池边愉快的一天 |
[43:21] | Okay, no pasta for dinner, okay? | 晚上不吃意大利面,好吗? |
[43:23] | We eat way too much pasta around here. | 我们最近意大利面吃的太多了 |
[43:26] | I thought you liked my pasta. | 还以为你喜欢吃我做的面 |
[43:28] | No, I do. That’s the problem. | 是,我是喜欢,问题就出在这儿 |
[43:30] | Pretty soon I can sell advertising space on my ass. | 过不了多久,我屁股就该肥的 都够在上面贴广告的了 |
[43:35] | No, that’s okay. I’ve got to go. | 不,我不要了,我得走了 |
[43:36] | I’ve got a 9:00 at Taps. | 我9点要到泰博家去 |
[43:38] | I thought you were already editing. | 我以为那片子你己经开始剪辑了呢 |
[43:40] | Yeah, so did I. It was just… | 是,我也是这么想的,只是… |
[43:43] | there’s something in this family’s story that really got to me. | 这个家庭有些东西触动了我 |
[43:49] | The father was… | 父亲是被… |
[43:52] | K-l-L-L-E-d | 被杀的 |
[43:55] | in a, um, mortar attack, | 死于迫击炮袭击 |
[43:58] | and, um, left behind a little boy. | 呃,留下了一个小男孩 |
[44:04] | I was talking to the mother the other day on the phone, | 有天我和他妈妈打电话时 |
[44:06] | and she was saying she didn’t know what she was going to do next Christmas. | 她说不知道下个圣诞节该怎么过 |
[44:10] | Jeez, I bet. | 天啊,肯定的 |
[44:11] | No, it wasrt like that. It was more… | 不,不是那样,是更… |
[44:14] | she was wondering, should she keep this tradition with her son | 她不知道是否该延续 |
[44:17] | that began with the boy’s father. | 这种始于男孩父亲的圣诞传统 |
[44:19] | And she was saying he had this knack | 她说他总是要古怪的圣诞礼物… |
[44:21] | for requesting odd Christmas gifts… | |
[44:24] | scuba gear one year | 有一年要的是水中呼吸装备 |
[44:26] | and rappelling gear the next. | 第二年要的是登山装备 |
[44:29] | She said he wasrt afraid to try anything. | 她说他喜欢尝试新事物 |
[44:33] | Trying new things made him feel… | 这令他感觉… |
[44:36] | more alive. | 更有活力 |
[44:41] | I’ve got to go. See you later. | 我得走了,回见 |
[44:53] | Patch one of your best and then we’ll patch both of them. | 先补最好的那个 之后我们把2个都补好 |
[44:56] | Okay? | 好吗? |
[45:01] | Hey, I got something. | 嘿,我找到了点东西 |
[45:07] | Hot enough for you? | 你也热坏了? |
[45:10] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[45:13] | Yeah, it’s so humid. | 是啊,而且湿度还很大 |
[45:16] | I’ve got football practice tonight. | 我今晚有橄榄球训练 |
[45:19] | Be like playing in a sauna. | 肯定感觉象在桑拿里打球 |
[45:21] | Watch out for that Italian guy. | 当心那个意大利佬 |
[45:25] | What’s his name? | 他叫什么名字? |
[45:27] | Corrente? | 科兰蒂吗? |
[45:29] | Yeah. | 对 |
[45:31] | Remember what happened to your knee last week? | 还记得上周你膝盖是怎么了吗? |
[45:34] | You should be careful, Brad. | 你应该小心点的,布莱德 |
[45:39] | I’ll be careful. | 我会的 |
[45:41] | Promise? | 你保证? |
[45:46] | Yeah. Yeah, I promise. | 是,是的,我保证 |
[45:53] | Weatherman said scattered showers. | 预报说今天会有零星阵雨 |
[45:55] | I don’t see scattered showers. | 我可没见有零星阵雨 |
[46:07] | Mom, could I please have some money for a snack? | 妈妈,能给我钱买零食吗? |
[46:10] | No, sweetheart. You guys just had a snack. No. | 不行,亲爱的 你们刚吃过,不行 |
[46:13] | Oh, okay. | 哦,好了 |
[46:14] | All they want is sugar. | 他们就只想着糖块 |
[46:16] | Constantly. | 不停的要 |
[47:36] | Oh, no. | 哦,不 |
[47:45] | It’s him. | 是他 |
[47:49] | Oh, Jesus. | 哦,天啊 |
[47:58] | Oh my God, it’s him. | 哦,天啊,是他 |
[48:01] | He’s in the pool. | 他在泳池里 |
[48:03] | Oh my God! | 哦,天! |
[48:05] | Jacob, get out of the pool now! | 雅各布,快给我出来! |
[48:08] | Oh my God. That’s him. | 哦,天啊,是他 |
[48:10] | – Get away from that man. – Why is everybody running to the pool? | – 快躲开那人 – 为什么大家都往泳池那儿跑? |
[48:14] | Brooke? Jake? | 布卢克?杰克? |
[48:16] | Dale, you’d better get over here. | 戴尔,你快过来 |
[48:23] | Get out of the pool! | 快出来! |
[48:34] | Where’s your sister? | 你妹妹呢? |
[48:45] | Why’d we have to get out, Mom? | 为什么叫我们出来,妈妈? |
[48:49] | I’ scared. | 我好怕 |
[48:57] | – What did he do? – What’s going on? | – 他做了什么? – 怎么了? |
[49:16] | I’ scared. | 我好怕 |
[49:24] | Um, why the police is here? | 为什么警察会在这里? |
[49:27] | Um, there’s a man over there who doesn’t have a ticket to get in, | 那边有个人没票就进来了 |
[49:30] | so they’re asking him to go home. | 警察叫他快走 |
[49:32] | Mr. McGorvey. | Mr. McGorvey. 麦克格威先生 麦克格威先生 |
[49:34] | It’d be wise for you to get out of the pool at this time. | 现在你最好出来 |
[49:44] | Did that man go near you? | 这个人靠近你了吗? |
[49:46] | You’re sure he didn’t touch you? | 你确定他没碰你? |
[49:53] | Step out of the pool, sir. | 出来,先生 |
[50:15] | I was only trying to cool off. | 我只不过是来解暑的 |
[50:18] | All right, let’s go. | 好了,我们走吧 |
[50:26] | You can go back in the pool. | 接着回去玩吧 |
[51:02] | Bear with us, please. You know what that sounds means. | 请原谅,大家都知道警笛的意义 |
[51:06] | Let’s go. Out of the pool. We’re closing her up. Let’s go. | 请离开泳池 我们要关闭泳池 |
[51:09] | Exit the pool and vacate the grounds immediately. | 请立刻离开泳池,离开游泳场 |
[51:12] | Okay, I’ll see you tomorrow. | 好啦,明天见 |
[51:14] | You’re going to carry her? Come on, put her in the stroller. | 你打算这么抱着她? 来吧,把她放到推车上 |
[51:17] | No, she won’t do the stroller. | 不,她不坐推车的 |
[51:18] | – Really? – No, she will not do this. | – 是吗? – 不,她不坐推车的 |
[51:20] | Lucy, would you like to go in the stroller? | 露西,你想坐推车吗? |
[51:21] | Can I interest you in a stroller? It appears she’d like a stroller. | 我能叫你对推车感兴趣吗? 很明显她喜欢推车 |
[51:25] | It’s out of your way. | 这样太麻烦你了 |
[51:27] | No, it’s fine. You don’t mind, do you, Aaron? | 不,没事 你不介意吧,亚伦? |
[51:30] | Run! | 快跑! |
[51:43] | You’d better come inside. You can’t walk home in this. | 你最好进来 雨这么大你回不了家 |
[51:48] | Oh! | 哦! |
[51:58] | – You can put him down in Lucy’s room. – Okay. | – 你可以把他放在露西房里 – 好的 |
[52:07] | This is amazing. | 太奇怪了 |
[52:09] | She never naps. | 她从来不午睡的 |
[52:11] | Well, he’ll be out for the next two hours. | 他会狂睡2个小时的 |
[52:14] | We’ll have to get him out of that nightgown, though, | 但是我们得在他醒前 把他身上这套女孩睡衣换下来 否则他是不会原谅我的 |
[52:16] | before he wakes up or he’ll never forgive me. | |
[52:29] | Nice place. | 你家很不错啊 |
[52:31] | – You think so? – Yeah. | – 你真这么想? – 是啊 |
[52:33] | Well, Richard does all right for himself. | 理查德工作还不错 |
[52:34] | What’s he do, again? | 你是做什么的来着? |
[52:37] | Lies. Um, please have a seat. Make yourself comfortable. | 专门撒谎的 快请坐,别拘谨 |
[52:40] | Better not, I might ruin your furniture. | 最好别,我这样会把家具弄脏的 |
[52:42] | I’ll put these things in the dryer and get us some towels. | 我去把这些放到烘干机 再拿几条毛巾过来 |
[52:45] | Okay. | 好的 |
[54:50] | Oh, God! | 哦,天! |
[54:55] | Oh, God! | 哦,天啊! |
[55:02] | Do you feel bad about this? | 你为这事内疚吗? |
[55:05] | No, I don’t. | 不,不内疚 |
[55:07] | I do. | 但我会 |
[55:09] | I feel really bad. | 我真的觉得很自责 |
[55:12] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[55:49] | Son? | 儿子? |
[55:55] | Son? | 儿子? |
[56:01] | Be well. | 那你好好休息 |
[56:08] | May knew it wasrt natural | 梅清楚成年人还和 老妈一起住可不正常 |
[56:10] | for a grown man to be living with his mother. | |
[56:12] | No hobbies, no diversions. | 没有爱好,没有娱乐 |
[56:14] | It was like he was still in prison. | 感觉就像他还待在监狱一样 |
[56:17] | What he needed was a girlfriend, | 他现在需要的是个女朋友 |
[56:19] | and May intended to help him find one. | 梅决定帮他找一个 |
[56:22] | There are four whole columns of lonely women here, | 这儿有整整4大列的单身女人 |
[56:25] | and only a handful of men. The odds are on our side. | 却只有一小把男人 成功的几率应该很高 |
[56:27] | Why wouldn’t one of these women want | 我就不信这里的女人对你 这么好的男人不感兴趣? |
[56:30] | to meet a nice person like you? | |
[56:33] | I’ not a nice person. | 我不是好人 |
[56:35] | You did a bad thing. | 你是做了坏事 |
[56:38] | But that doesn’t mean you’re a bad person. | 但是那并不意味着你就是坏人 |
[56:40] | I have a psychosexual disorder. | 我有性心理性障碍 |
[56:42] | You’re better now. | 你现在好多了 |
[56:44] | They wouldn’t have let you out if you werert. | 如果不是这样的话 他们是不会放你出来的 |
[56:46] | They let me out because they had to. | 他们是迫不得已才放我出来的 |
[56:48] | Well, maybe if you found | 也许找到个年龄相仿的姑娘 |
[56:51] | a girlfriend closer to your own age | |
[56:53] | you wouldn’t have the bad urges so often. | 你就不会再有那些邪念了 |
[56:56] | I don’t want a girlfriend my own age, Mommy. | 我不喜欢年龄相仿的女人,妈 |
[56:59] | I wish I did. | 要是那样就好了 |
[57:04] | What are you going to do when I’ gone? | 我死后你该怎么办? |
[57:06] | Who’s going to take care of you? | 谁来照顾你呢? |
[57:12] | What’s the matter, Mommy? | 妈,你怎么了? |
[57:17] | Are you sick or something? | 你不舒服吗? |
[57:19] | I’ an old woman. I’ not going to live forever, | 我都一把年纪了 不可能再活多久了 |
[57:22] | Who’s going to cook for you? | 那时谁来给你做饭呢? |
[57:24] | Who’s going to wash the dishes? | 谁来给你刷碗? |
[57:26] | I can wash the dishes, | 我自己会刷碗 |
[57:28] | You’ve never washed a dish in your life. | 你长这么大都还没洗过一个碗呢 |
[57:30] | I could do it if I had to. I’ not a retard. | 必要时我会做的,我又不是傻子 |
[57:33] | No, you’re not. | 不,你当然不是 |
[57:37] | You’re a miracle, Ronnie. | 你是个奇迹,罗尼 |
[57:41] | We’re all miracles. | 我们都是奇迹 |
[57:44] | You know why? | 知道为什么吗? |
[57:47] | Because as humans, | 因为我们整天忙忙碌碌 |
[57:49] | everyday we go about our business, | |
[57:53] | and all that time | 但是我们知道 我们一直都清楚 |
[57:56] | we know, we all know | |
[57:59] | that the things we love, | 我们所珍惜至爱的一切 |
[58:02] | the people we love… | |
[58:08] | at any time, it can all be taken away. | 随时都有可能消失 |
[58:16] | We live knowing that | 这些我们都知道 |
[58:19] | and we keep going anyway. | 我们最终都将面对死亡 |
[58:27] | Animals don’t do that. | 这些动物就做不到 |
[58:34] | Now I’ not asking you to get married, Ronnie. | 我现在不是叫你结婚,罗尼 |
[58:39] | I’ just saying put an ad in the paper, see what happens. | 我只是说在报上登个广告 然后静观其变 |
[58:42] | Fine. I’ll do it if it will make you happy. | 好吧,只要你高兴就好 |
[58:46] | But just one date. All right? | 但只是一个约会,好吗? |
[58:52] | You have a nice smile, why don’t we start with that? | 你笑容可鞠 我们就从这点开始,怎么样? |
[58:55] | What else? | 还有什么呢? |
[59:00] | You always eat what I put in front of you. You never complain. | 不管我做什么你都吃 你从来不抱怨 |
[59:03] | What else? | 还有呢? |
[59:06] | You’re trying to get back in shape. | 你正在努力恢复体形 |
[59:08] | You exercise. | 你锻炼 |
[59:21] | Wait right there, young man. | 等一下,小伙子 |
[59:23] | If you’re going out for some exercise, | 你要是出门锻炼的话 |
[59:25] | you can post this now. | 就把这个寄了 |
[59:31] | Hmm. | 哼~ 恶棍 |
[1:00:05] | Mmm. | 嗯~ |
[1:00:10] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[1:00:13] | Let’s do it again. | 我们再来一次 |
[1:00:17] | All right. | 好啊 |
[1:00:20] | God, it’s hot as hell up here. | 天,这里热死了 |
[1:00:23] | What’s wrong with the laundry room? | 为什么不在洗衣房做? |
[1:00:25] | No mattress. | 那没床垫 |
[1:00:28] | Come on. Lie down. | 来吧,躺下 |
[1:00:47] | You’re nervous, aren’t you? | 你紧张,是不是? |
[1:00:49] | What? What do you mean? | 什么?什么意思? |
[1:00:50] | The game. | 比赛 |
[1:00:52] | Don’t worry. You’ll be great tonight. | 别担心,晚上你会出色发挥的 |
[1:00:58] | I don’t know. I haven’t played in 10 years. | 我不知道,我有10年没打球了 |
[1:01:04] | It used to be my whole life. | 橄榄球曾经是我的全部 |
[1:01:06] | Then when I stopped, I just… | 但是当我停下时,我… |
[1:01:09] | stopped. I didn’t even miss it. | 我就真的不再打了 甚至连一丝怀念都没有 |
[1:01:14] | Now that I’ playing again, I… | 现在我又开始打球,我… |
[1:01:17] | feel l… | 我感觉… |
[1:01:21] | I don’t know. | 我也说不好 |
[1:01:24] | You feel alive. | 你感觉到了活力 |
[1:01:26] | Yeah. | 对 |
[1:01:27] | That’s good. | 那很好啊 |
[1:01:30] | That’s how you’re supposed to feel. | 就该有这种感觉的 |
[1:01:33] | You’re right. | 没错 |
[1:01:36] | I guess it’s just been awhile. | 只是太久没有这种感觉了 |
[1:01:40] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[1:02:29] | Shake. | 握手 |
[1:02:53] | – Call it. – Heads. | – 来吧 – 头像 |
[1:02:56] | Heads it is. | 头像 |
[1:03:01] | Ready? | 准备好了? |
[1:03:12] | – Hello? – Hi, Mom. Did I wake you? | – 喂? – 嗨,妈,我吵醒你了吗? |
[1:03:15] | Oh, no honey. Is everything okay? | 没有,亲爱的 一切还好吗? |
[1:03:17] | Yeah, I’ fine. | 是,我很好 |
[1:03:19] | You don’t sound fine. | 听上去可不是啊 |
[1:03:20] | No, there’s nothing wrong. I just wanted to say hi. | 不,一切都很好 我只想和你打个招呼 |
[1:03:23] | Well, hi. | 哦~那你好啊 |
[1:03:25] | Hi. | 你好 |
[1:03:27] | So how’s my little guy? | 小家伙怎么样? |
[1:03:28] | He’s great. He’s sleeping right here next to me. | 他很好,他现在就睡在我身边 |
[1:03:31] | He’s such a cutie. | 他太可爱了 |
[1:03:32] | So where’s Brad? | 布莱德呢? |
[1:03:34] | Brad’s out. | 他出门了 |
[1:03:37] | Oh, I’ surprised the library stays open this late. | 哦,没想到图书馆开到这么晚 |
[1:03:39] | Well, he’s not at the library. | 他不在图书馆 |
[1:03:41] | He’s playing football with some buddies. | 他去打橄榄球了 |
[1:03:43] | Oh, honey. Do you remember when your father took up golf? | 哦,亲爱的,还记得 你爸重新打高尔夫的事吗? |
[1:03:46] | He’s not like dad. | 他和我爸不一样 |
[1:03:48] | Honey, they’re all the same. | 亲爱的,男人都一样 |
[1:03:51] | Well, he’s not. | 他不是 |
[1:03:53] | You work so hard. | 你工作太辛苦了 |
[1:03:56] | Now listen… | 你听着… |
[1:03:59] | I could keep an eye on the boys when you’re at work; | 你上班的时候,我可以盯着他们 |
[1:04:01] | make sure they’re staying out of trouble. | 好叫他们别惹祸 |
[1:04:03] | – Do you want me to come up for a visit? – No no, Mom, don’t come. | – 要我过去吗? – 不,妈,别过来 |
[1:04:05] | Well, honey, I worry about you kids. | 亲爱的,我很担心你们 |
[1:04:07] | Now what are you going to do if he fails the test again? | 要是他再考不过,你怎么办? |
[1:04:09] | He’s not going to fail the test. | 他一定能考过的 |
[1:04:10] | Oh, honey, that’s what you said last time. | 哦,亲爱的,上回你也这么说 |
[1:04:12] | Now how are you doing for money? | 你们现在经济上怎么样? |
[1:04:14] | We’re fine. | 很好 |
[1:04:17] | I’ going to send you a little extra this month. | 我这个月给你寄点钱过去 |
[1:04:20] | – Mom… – Honey, it’s no burden. | – 妈… – 亲爱的,没事的 |
[1:04:22] | – Mom… Mom, please. – I’ happy to help. | – 妈…妈,别这样 – 我愿意帮你们 |
[1:04:30] | Aw, shit. | 妈的 |
[1:04:39] | Although the Guardians lost by 26 points, | 尽管最终“守卫者” 以低于对方26分而惨败 |
[1:04:41] | Brad felt oddly exhilarated in the bar after the game. | 比赛后在酒吧中 布莱德却感到格外兴奋 |
[1:04:46] | He could feel a new respect in the way the cops looked at him. | 他感到那些警察们 对他也带有一种敬重 |
[1:04:49] | – What you drinking, buddy? – He wasrt on probation anymore. | 老兄,你喝什么? 他已通过了考察 |
[1:04:52] | He was a member of the team. | 成为球队中的一员 |
[1:04:54] | Ice and Advil. | 冰和止痛剂 |
[1:04:55] | If all else fails, you can always see the team physician, | 要是都不管用的话 还可以去看队医丹尼尔医生 |
[1:04:58] | dr. Daniels. All his friends call him Jack. | 但大家都叫他杰克 |
[1:05:00] | – To the good doctor. – Hear, hear. | – 敬队医 – 好,没错 |
[1:05:06] | – Larry? Here, you go Larry. – Oh, thanks. | – 拉里?给,给你 – 哦,谢谢 |
[1:05:09] | Let me just grab a chair. | 我去拿把椅子过来 |
[1:05:17] | Oh, we just gave you a shot. We just gave you a shot. | 哦,刚给了你机会 我们刚给你机会了 |
[1:05:29] | I had no business being on that field tonight. | 我今晚打的真差 |
[1:05:32] | I let you down. | 我连累了你 |
[1:05:34] | I let the whole team down. | 连累了整个球队 |
[1:05:36] | I’ slow and I’ fat. | 我又胖,动作有慢 |
[1:05:37] | I let that guy piss all over me. | 总是看不住那家伙 |
[1:05:39] | Come on. That guy was offsides the whole night. | 别这样,那家伙整场比赛都在越位 |
[1:05:46] | Joanie left me. | 琼走了 |
[1:05:48] | Took the kids and went to her mother’s. | 带上孩子,回她妈家了 |
[1:05:53] | Jesus, Larry, that’s a tough break. | 天啊,拉里,那太遭了 |
[1:05:55] | Oh, I deserved it. | 是我应得的 |
[1:05:57] | Me and my big mouth. | 都是因为我和我这张臭嘴 |
[1:05:59] | I called her a fucking whore, | 当着孩子的面,我骂她贱人 |
[1:06:02] | right in front of the kids. | |
[1:06:05] | Why did you do that? | 你为什么那么做? |
[1:06:08] | Huh, I don’t know. | 哦,我也不知道 |
[1:06:10] | I was in a bad mood or something. | 我当时心情不好 |
[1:06:14] | Now I’ fucked. | 现在我真是糟透了 |
[1:06:23] | Hey, did you hear about the pervert? | 嘿,你听说那个变态了吗? |
[1:06:25] | He went swimming at the town pool. | 他跑到游泳池去游泳了 |
[1:06:27] | – What? – Yeah. | – 什么? – 真的 |
[1:06:29] | – Who told you that? – Nobody. I saw it myself. | – 谁告诉你的? – 没人,我亲眼看到的 |
[1:06:31] | – The town pool? – Yeah, during the heatwave. | – 镇游泳池? – 是,就是酷暑那阵 |
[1:06:33] | – The town pool? – Yep. | – 镇游泳池? – 没错 |
[1:06:35] | Th-that place is crawling with kids. | 那地方到处都是孩子 |
[1:06:37] | I mean, my boys go there. | 我是说,我儿子就去那儿 |
[1:06:39] | Yeah, well, you know what, it was just that one time. | 是啊,你知道吗,他只去过一次 |
[1:06:41] | Um, he… he won’t be back. The cops came. | 呃,他…他不会再去的 后来警察来了 |
[1:06:43] | Cops? What cops? Anyone from the team? | 警察?什么警察? 球队里有人去吗? |
[1:06:46] | Uh, no. | 呃,没有 |
[1:06:48] | You sure? | 你确定? |
[1:06:50] | – Anyone from the team show up there? – No no. | – 球队里有人去了吗? – 没,没有 |
[1:06:53] | – Yes or no! – I’ saying no. | – 有还是没有? – 我说了没有 |
[1:06:55] | – No, nobody… – Jesus Christ, | – 不,没人… – 天啊! |
[1:06:56] | that little fucking weasel. | 那个混蛋! |
[1:06:58] | Larry, slow down. | 拉里,慢点 |
[1:06:59] | Slow down, Larry! | 慢点,拉里! |
[1:07:09] | – What now? – Good evening, Mrs. McGorvey. | – 又怎么了? – 晚上好,麦克格威太太 |
[1:07:11] | We were wondering if Ronnie was home. | 罗尼在家吗? |
[1:07:13] | You leave him alone. | 你少烦他 |
[1:07:14] | We just want a little moment of his time. Just a little chat. | 不会耽误他很长时间的 就是简单和他聊聊 |
[1:07:16] | This is my house. I pay the mortgage, | 这里是我家,是我在付抵押贷款 |
[1:07:17] | and I say who is and isn’t… | 我决定谁… |
[1:07:19] | Yoo-hoo, Ronnie! | 呦,罗尼! |
[1:07:21] | – Get your perverted ass down here now. – I’ calling the police. | – 你他妈的给我过来 – 我打电话给警察 |
[1:07:24] | I hear they’re well-disposed to child molesters. | 听说他们对调戏孩子的人情有独钟 |
[1:07:26] | It’s okay, Mommy. Can I help you, gentlemen? | 没事的,妈妈 先生们,有什么事吗? |
[1:07:28] | Ronnie, you go on upstairs. | 罗尼,你上楼去 |
[1:07:30] | Larry, let him go. I think he gets the point. We can go home now. | 拉里,让他走吧,我想他知道 你的来意了,我们回家去吧 |
[1:07:32] | You listen to me, you little piece of shit. | 你给我听好,你这个混蛋 |
[1:07:34] | You stay the fuck away from the town pool. | 你他妈的离镇游泳池远点 |
[1:07:36] | – You hear me? – You’re a bully! | – 你听到了吗? – 你侵凌弱小! |
[1:07:46] | My Ronnie would never do what he did. | 我家罗尼才不会象他那样 |
[1:07:52] | That poor child at the mall… | 才不会象你… |
[1:07:57] | what you did to him. | 对商场里那个可怜孩子那样 |
[1:08:16] | Larry? | 拉里? |
[1:08:22] | Larry? | 拉里? |
[1:08:24] | Why did she say that? | 她为什么那么说? |
[1:08:27] | Oh, don’t pretend you don’t know about me. | 哦,别装作什么都不知道的样子 |
[1:08:30] | Everybody knows. Everybody! | 大家都知道 所有人那都知道! |
[1:08:31] | Look, h-honestly, l… I don’t know anything. | 真的,我…我不是很清楚 |
[1:08:35] | I remember hearing something… | 我记得听说了些… |
[1:08:37] | a few years ago when we first moved here, but… | 那时我们刚搬到这儿,但是… |
[1:08:41] | something about a… a shooting | 好像是关于…商场枪击 |
[1:08:43] | at the mall. | |
[1:08:45] | That’s… that’s it. That’s all. | 就是…就这些 我就知道这么多 |
[1:08:49] | I didn’t even know you then. | 那时我都不认识你 |
[1:08:56] | I’ sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:09:00] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[1:09:03] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[1:09:11] | Dispatch said there was a shooter loose at the mall. | 调度说商场有人开枪 |
[1:09:15] | It was 10 minutes from the end of my shift. | 那时离我下班还有10分钟 |
[1:09:17] | 10 minutes and there would have been someone else. | 10分钟,也许事情会因此而截然不同 |
[1:09:23] | I can still see that boy’s face staring up at me. | 我现在还能看到那孩子凝视着我 |
[1:09:27] | Yeah, but… but it was an accident. | 是,但…但那是起意外 |
[1:09:30] | You were trying to stop a guy, | 你试图阻止歹徒 |
[1:09:33] | and the… the boy g-got caught | 那…那孩子在交火中中了枪,是吗? |
[1:09:36] | in the crossfire, right? | |
[1:09:38] | No, I panicked. | 不,是我太慌了 |
[1:09:39] | There was no shooter. | 根本没有什么歹徒 |
[1:09:41] | Just the boy. | 只有那男孩 |
[1:09:43] | Antoine Harris was his name. | 他叫安东尼.哈里斯 |
[1:09:47] | He was big for his age, only 13 years old. | 个子很高,只有13岁 |
[1:09:50] | He was a good kid. Thought it was a joke, | 他是个好孩子 以为在“5顶”店里对着他朋友 挥动气枪会很有意思 |
[1:09:52] | waving around an air gun at his friend | |
[1:09:54] | in the Big 5. | |
[1:09:56] | They were acting out some scene from some movie they liked. | 他们是学电影里的一些场景 |
[1:09:59] | Shop girl saw it from across the way, | 对面的营业员看到了 |
[1:10:01] | called 911. | 之后就报了警 |
[1:10:05] | Jesus, that’s terrible. | 天,太可怕了 |
[1:10:08] | That… | 可… |
[1:10:10] | well, you didn’t know. | 可你并不知情 |
[1:10:13] | It could have been real. | 你以为真的出了状况 |
[1:10:15] | But it wasrt. | 可事实上不是 |
[1:10:23] | His parents… | 他父母… |
[1:10:26] | uh, his parents… | 呃,他父母… |
[1:10:31] | I had to… | 我… |
[1:10:51] | I was diagnosed with post-traumatic stress syndrome | 3位心理医生都诊断我患有 创伤后压力心理障碍症 |
[1:10:53] | by three different psychiatrists. | |
[1:10:56] | That’s why I retired. | 就是因为这我才退休的 |
[1:10:59] | I couldn’t do the job anymore. | 我再也当不了警察了 |
[1:11:07] | – So why don’t you do something else? – Like what? | – 那为什么不做点别的? – 做什么? |
[1:11:10] | Drive a forklift at Costco? | 到“好市多”开装卸车? |
[1:11:15] | Maybe you could go back to school. | 也许你可以回警校教书 |
[1:11:18] | I loved my job. | 我喜欢警察这行 |
[1:11:20] | I don’t wanna do anything else. | 我不想做别的 |
[1:11:35] | You ever think about the term “homeland security”? | 你有没有想过“国土安全”这个词? |
[1:11:41] | I mean, really think about it? | 我是说,仔细的想过吗? |
[1:11:49] | The day that you found out | 知道你爸爸在伊拉克牺牲那天… |
[1:11:51] | that your father had been killed in Iraq, | |
[1:11:54] | do you remember that day? | 你还记得那天吗? |
[1:11:56] | Can you talk about that? | 我们能谈谈那天吗? |
[1:11:58] | You feel comfortable talking about that? | 你可以谈谈那天的事吗? |
[1:12:04] | After the men came | 那人来通知我妈后 |
[1:12:08] | to tell my mom, | |
[1:12:11] | I cried, | 我哭了 |
[1:12:13] | but she didn’t. | 可她却没有 |
[1:12:17] | She just went up to her room | 她只是回到她房间 |
[1:12:20] | and grabbed the pillows off the bed, | 从床上拿起枕头 |
[1:12:23] | cut the tops off of them with a pair scissors. | 用剪子把枕头剪开 |
[1:12:29] | There were feathers all over the place. | 里面的羽毛到处飞扬 |
[1:12:34] | That must have really frightened you. | 你当时一定吓坏了 |
[1:12:37] | No, she was trying to find the crown. | 不,她在找头冠 |
[1:12:42] | The crown? | 头冠? |
[1:12:43] | The crown you leave in your pillow | 如果你长时间枕枕头的话 上面就会留下一个头冠 |
[1:12:45] | when you’ve slept on it for a long time. | |
[1:12:50] | My… | 我… |
[1:12:52] | my father had two crowns. | 我爸爸有2个头冠 |
[1:12:55] | Stop there. | 停一下 |
[1:12:59] | – You hungry? – No. | – 你饿吗? – 不饿 |
[1:13:02] | Mind if I get some lunch? | 我能不能去吃午饭? |
[1:13:04] | No, go ahead. | 好,去吧 |
[1:13:28] | Brad? | 布莱德? |
[1:13:30] | Honey, you there? | 亲爱的,你在吗? |
[1:13:34] | Pick up. I know you’re there. | 快接电话,我知道你在家 |
[1:13:37] | It’s Aarors nap time. | 现在是亚伦的午睡时间 |
[1:13:43] | Okay, I guess you guys are out somewhere. | 好吧,大概你们出门了 |
[1:13:46] | Um… | 嗯… |
[1:13:48] | I love you both. | 我爱你们 |
[1:13:51] | Bye. | 拜 |
[1:14:40] | I certainly did. | 我当然读了 |
[1:14:43] | Here we go. | 到了 |
[1:14:47] | I don’t know, Jean. I don’t think I’ up for this. | 我不知道,简 我觉得我没准备好 |
[1:14:49] | Well, now don’t be silly. | 别瞎想了 |
[1:14:51] | – It’ll be fun. – Really? | – 会很有趣的 – 真的吗? |
[1:14:53] | You’re not the only little sister here tonight. | 今晚可不止你一个“小妹”呢 |
[1:14:55] | – Oh, that’s good. – Oh! | – 哦,那太好了 – 哦! |
[1:14:59] | Hi, would you like a glass? | 嗨,来一杯吗? |
[1:15:01] | Did anybody like this book? Because I really just hated it. | 有人喜欢这本书吗? 我可很讨厌这书 |
[1:15:05] | It’s so depressing. | 这书太压抑了 |
[1:15:07] | She cheats on her husband with two different guys, | 她对她丈夫不忠 和2个男人通奸 |
[1:15:09] | wastes all his money, then kills herself with rat poison? | 花光了她丈夫的钱 之后吃老鼠药自杀? |
[1:15:12] | Do I really need to read this? | 这种书有必要看吗? |
[1:15:14] | Well, there is a lot of good descriptive writing. | 书里有很多不错的叙述性描写 |
[1:15:17] | It’s supposed to be depressing. | 这书本来就该让人压抑 |
[1:15:19] | It’s a tragedy. | 是个悲剧 |
[1:15:21] | Madame Bovary was undone by a tragic flaw. | 包法利夫人是被 她的性格弱点所摧毁的 |
[1:15:25] | What’s her flaw? | 她有什么弱点? |
[1:15:27] | Blindness. She didn’t see | 愚昧 她不知道男人不过是在利用她 |
[1:15:29] | that the men were just using her. | |
[1:15:31] | She just wants a little romance in her life. | 她只是想寻找生活中的一丝浪漫 |
[1:15:34] | – You can’t blame her for that. – It’s about womers choices. | – 你不能因为这就责备她 – 这是关于女人选择的问题 |
[1:15:37] | Back then, a woman didn’t have a lot of choices. | 那个时代,女人没有什么选择的余地 |
[1:15:40] | You could be a nun or a wife. | 做修女,或是嫁为人妻 |
[1:15:42] | – That’s all there was. – Or a prostitute. | – 只有这两种选择 – 或者做妓女 |
[1:15:46] | She had a choice. | 她可以选择的 |
[1:15:47] | She had a choice not to cheat on her husband. | 她可以选择对丈夫忠贞 |
[1:15:50] | I found it refreshing to read about a woman | 看到一个女人寻求性欲 我觉得与众不同 |
[1:15:54] | reclaiming her sexuality. | |
[1:15:56] | Is that a nice way of saying she’s a slut? | 你这是不是委婉的说 她就是个荡妇? |
[1:15:58] | Madame Bovary’s not a slut. | 包法利夫人可不是荡妇 |
[1:16:01] | She’s one of the great characters in Western literature. | 她是西方文学史中的一个伟大人物 |
[1:16:04] | I was a little puzzled by some of the sexual references. | 我对其中的一些性描写有些困惑 |
[1:16:08] | Look, like this one. | 比如这一段 |
[1:16:10] | Um… | 嗯… |
[1:16:12] | “He abandoned every last shred | “他抛弃了所有的顾虑和理性” |
[1:16:15] | of restraint and consideration. | |
[1:16:17] | He turned her into something compliant, | “令她百依百顺” |
[1:16:21] | something corrupt.” | “使她堕落” |
[1:16:27] | Does anyone know what that means? | 这里是什么意思? |
[1:16:29] | It means she’s a slut. | 就是说她是个荡妇 |
[1:16:31] | Is he tying her up | 他把她绑起来还是怎么着了? |
[1:16:33] | or something? | |
[1:16:35] | Anal sex. | 肛交 |
[1:16:38] | Mm-hmm. | Mm-hmm. 哦~哦~ |
[1:16:40] | Did everyone get that but me? | 是不是除了我,你们都明白了? |
[1:16:44] | Let’s set that aside for now. | 我们先暂时谈点别的吧 |
[1:16:47] | I’ really eager to hear what | 我很想听听另一位“小妹” 对这本书有什么看法 |
[1:16:49] | our other little sister has to say. | |
[1:16:52] | I’ not sure if you know this, but Sarah has a Phd | 你们知道吗,莎拉是英语文学博士 |
[1:16:54] | in English lit. | |
[1:16:57] | Just a masters. | 是硕士 |
[1:16:59] | I never wrote my dissertation. | 我从来没写过论文 |
[1:17:01] | Well, you still have a lot more expertise | 那你还是比我们专业的多 |
[1:17:05] | than the rest of us. | |
[1:17:12] | I think I understand your feelings about this book. | 我想我能理解你们对这本书的感受 |
[1:17:15] | I used to have some problems with it myself. | 我以前也有相同的想法 |
[1:17:18] | When I read it in grad school, | 我研究生时读过这本书 |
[1:17:20] | Madame Bovary just seemed like a fool. | 那时我觉得包法利夫人 就是个十足的傻瓜 |
[1:17:23] | She marries the wrong man, | 她嫁错了人 |
[1:17:26] | makes one foolish mistake after another. | 又一次次的犯下愚蠢的错误 |
[1:17:29] | But when I read it this time, I just fell in love with her. | 但是这次重读这本书时 我却深深的爱上了她 |
[1:17:33] | She’s trapped. | 她被困于枷锁之中 |
[1:17:36] | She has a choice. She can either accept a life of misery | 她可以选择 接受悲惨的生活 或是与之抗争 |
[1:17:39] | or she can struggle against it. | |
[1:17:42] | And she chooses to struggle. | 她选择了抗争 |
[1:17:45] | Some struggle… hop into bed | 确实是抗争啊… 对每个男人都投怀送抱 |
[1:17:47] | with every guy who says hello. | |
[1:17:49] | Well, she fails in the end, but there’s something beautiful | 尽管最终她还是失败了 但是她的反抗却是美好 甚至可以说是英勇的 |
[1:17:53] | and even heroic in her rebellion. | |
[1:17:56] | My professors would kill me for even thinking this, | 要是我的教授知道我 现在的想法,一定会杀了我 |
[1:17:59] | but… | 但是… |
[1:18:01] | in her own strange way, | 在她不同寻常的抗争中 |
[1:18:03] | Emma Bovary is a feminist. | 艾玛.包法利是个女权主义者 |
[1:18:05] | Oh, that’s nice. | 哦,太好了 |
[1:18:07] | So now cheating on your husband makes you a feminist? | 对丈夫不忠居然就成女权主义了? |
[1:18:10] | No no no. | 不,不,不是 |
[1:18:13] | It’s not the cheating. It’s the hunger. | 不是她的不忠,而是她那份渴望 |
[1:18:16] | The hunger for an alternative, | 那份对于抉择的渴望 |
[1:18:19] | and the refusal to accept a life of unappiness. | 以及拒绝接受苦难的决心 |
[1:18:29] | Maybe I didn’t understand the book. | 也许我根本就没读懂这本书 |
[1:18:35] | She just looks so pathetic. | 对我来说,她太可怜了 |
[1:18:39] | Is she pretty? | 她漂亮吗? |
[1:18:42] | Who? | 谁? |
[1:18:47] | Your wife. | 你太太 |
[1:18:48] | Degrading yourself for nothing. | 毫无缘由的令自己蒙羞 |
[1:18:50] | It’s a simple question. | 我的问题很简单 |
[1:18:53] | She’s pretty, okay? Do we have to talk about this now? | 她很漂亮,好了吗? 现在非要谈这个吗? |
[1:18:58] | I mean, did she really think a man like that was gonna run away with her? | 我是说,她真的认为那种 男人会和她一起远走高飞? |
[1:19:05] | Possibly. | 有可能 |
[1:19:09] | How pretty is she? | 她有多漂亮? |
[1:19:17] | A knockout. | 极其迷人 |
[1:19:23] | Beauty’s overrated, Sarah. | 美貌总被人们高估,莎拉 |
[1:19:30] | Brad had meant this to be comforting. | 布莱德本意是安慰莎拉 |
[1:19:33] | But at 3:00 in the morning, it had precisely the opposite effect. | 但是在凌晨3点钟 这话却起着截然相反的作用 |
[1:19:39] | He had a beautiful wife, | 他有漂亮的妻子 |
[1:19:41] | a knockout, and she was sleeping beside him right now. | 一个美人,现在正睡在他身旁 |
[1:19:47] | Only someone who took his own beauty for granted | 只有不自信的人 |
[1:19:49] | would have been able to say something so stupid | 才会一本正经的说出这种傻话 |
[1:19:52] | and with a straight face. | |
[1:20:18] | Weekends were difficult for Sarah. | 周末对于莎拉来说 就是痛苦难熬 |
[1:20:21] | 48-hour prison stretches | 行同监狱般的48小时 |
[1:20:22] | separating one happy blur of weekdays | 将她和布莱德远远分开 |
[1:20:25] | from the rest. | |
[1:20:30] | I’ going to the ocean. | 我要去看大海 |
[1:20:33] | – You are? – I’ going to the ocean. | – 是吗? – 我要去看大海 |
[1:20:35] | Is he doing his ocean dance? | 他是在跳海洋舞吗? |
[1:20:42] | Sarah sometimes let herself be carried away by fantasies | 有时莎拉任由自己的幻想驰骋 |
[1:20:45] | of a future very different from the life she was living now, | 幻想着与现实截然不同的未来生活 |
[1:20:49] | in which she and Brad were free to love each other | 幻想着她和布莱德 可以无忧无虑的恋爱 |
[1:20:52] | in broad daylight; | |
[1:20:53] | where they had no one to answer to | 幻想着除了彼此,再无其他顾虑 |
[1:20:55] | but each other. | |
[1:20:58] | It could happen, she thought. It had to, | 会发生的,她想,一定会发生 |
[1:21:01] | because she wasrt sure she could keep living like this | 因为她不清楚自己 还能象现在这样生活多久 |
[1:21:04] | for very much longer. | |
[1:21:13] | Open your mouth again. | 再把你的嘴张开下 |
[1:21:16] | No, I don’t want to. | 不,我不想 |
[1:21:19] | May your mouth be open. | 愿你的嘴张开 |
[1:21:22] | May your mouth. | |
[1:21:24] | This is coming into your mouth. | 这个要进你嘴里了 |
[1:21:28] | Open your mouth, little fishy. | 快张嘴啊,小鱼 |
[1:21:31] | Hungry, hungry. | 饿了,你饿了 |
[1:21:35] | Little fishy is not hungry? | 小鱼,你不饿吗? |
[1:21:40] | You okay? | 你还好吗? |
[1:21:44] | Yeah, fine. | 是,很好 |
[1:21:48] | – How about you? – Great. | – 你呢? – 我也很好 |
[1:21:54] | So how was your weekend? | 你周末过得怎么样? |
[1:21:59] | You really wanna know? It sucked. | 你真的想知道?糟透了 |
[1:22:04] | How was yours? | 你呢? |
[1:22:06] | Terrible. | 很糟 |
[1:22:09] | – Really? – Yeah. | – 真的? – 是啊 |
[1:22:14] | Yeah, we went to the beach and all Kathy and I did | 是啊,我们去了海边 但是我和凯西却一直在吵架 |
[1:22:16] | was argue the whole time. | |
[1:22:19] | Oh, you did? | 哦,是吗? |
[1:22:25] | Yeah, it was our annual argument | 是啊,我们每年都会为 资格考试的事吵架 |
[1:22:27] | over taking the bar exam, | |
[1:22:30] | like our whole life depends on it. | 就好像对我们至关重要似的 |
[1:22:32] | Get it over with. You’ll feel better. | 快考过吧,之后你就会好起来的 |
[1:22:34] | It’s this whole thing. | 这就是关键啊 |
[1:22:36] | Gotta take a train on Wednesday. | 我周三要做火车去考试 |
[1:22:39] | It’s a two-day ordeal. | 简直就是2天的折磨 |
[1:22:42] | I’ not even gonna pass. | 我肯定过不了的 |
[1:22:44] | – You’ll be fine. – No. | – 你会过的 – 不 |
[1:22:47] | No, I won’t. | 不,我过不了的 |
[1:22:51] | I haven’t cracked a book all summer. | 我整个夏天连书都没翻过 |
[1:23:02] | I missed you. | 我想你了 |
[1:23:05] | I missed you, too. | 我也是 |
[1:23:13] | Don’t… don’t do it. | 别…别去了 |
[1:23:17] | – What? – The test. | – 什么? – 考试 |
[1:23:19] | – Oh. – Blow it off. | – 哦 – 放松下 |
[1:23:22] | We should go somewhere, | 我们应该一起出去转转 |
[1:23:24] | just for a night, you know? | 就一晚上,好吗? |
[1:23:26] | Richard’s out of town till Friday, | 理查德出门了,周五才回来 |
[1:23:28] | and I’ sure I can get a sitter for Lucy. | 我肯定能找个人照看露西 |
[1:23:34] | No, I can’t do that. | 不,我做不到 |
[1:23:37] | I gotta take the test. | 我要去考试 |
[1:23:50] | That’s good. | 很好 |
[1:23:53] | – Looks good? – Yeah. | – 看上去不错? – 是的 |
[1:23:55] | Well, I have a good feeling about this whole thing. | 这次考试我觉得你能过 |
[1:23:57] | In fact, I think I’ gonna go buy a bottle of champagne | 事实上,我要去买瓶香槟回来 |
[1:24:00] | and put it in the fridge, and we can open it to celebrate | 先放在冰箱里保存 等你考过后,就打开为你庆祝 |
[1:24:03] | when we get the good news. | |
[1:24:05] | Don’t get your hopes up. | 别抱太大希望 |
[1:24:08] | We’ve been through this before. | 这种事我们以前就经历过 |
[1:24:10] | Huh-uh. This time’s gonna be different. | 不,这次会不同 |
[1:24:13] | I can feel it. | 我感觉到了 |
[1:24:46] | Can you believe it? This is our first date. | 难以置信,这是我们第一次约会 |
[1:24:49] | Like a date, you know, without the kids, I mean. | 真正的约会 我是说没有孩子,我们独处 |
[1:24:53] | How was Lucy? Did she cry or anything? | 露西还好吗?她有没有哭? |
[1:24:56] | No, are you kidding? | 没有,你开玩笑吗? |
[1:24:58] | With Jean there, she just about shoved me out the door. | 在简面前,她差点把我推出门去 |
[1:25:06] | I thought we could make something really beautiful. | 我想我们能做点漂亮的东西 |
[1:25:09] | I have so many things here. | 我这儿有好些材料 |
[1:25:13] | We could make… | 我们可以… |
[1:25:15] | a picture frame. | 做个相框 |
[1:25:19] | Or a jewelry box. | 或者做个珠宝盒 |
[1:25:24] | Or a hat. | 或者是帽子 |
[1:25:30] | Something for my mommy. | 我要给妈妈做个东西 |
[1:25:33] | Okay. | 好极了 |
[1:25:38] | – Stop it, stop it. – No, Ronnie. | – 停下来,停下来 – 不,罗尼 |
[1:25:40] | Ron… Ron… Ronnie, just hold on. | 罗…罗…罗尼,等一下 |
[1:25:42] | Now there. | 好啦 |
[1:25:46] | You look handsome. She won’t be disappointed. | 你真帅,她一定不会失望的 |
[1:25:49] | Wait’ll she hears about my criminal record. | 听了我的前科就会了 |
[1:25:52] | I don’t think you need to get into that just yet. | 我觉得这事你现在还不需要告诉她 |
[1:25:55] | Why don’t you stick to small talk? | 和她随便闲聊下 |
[1:25:57] | What if someone recognizes me? | 要是有人认出我怎么办? |
[1:26:00] | That’s highly unlikely. I made the dinner reservation | 不大可能 我是在黑弗里耳的一家餐厅 帮你们定的位 |
[1:26:03] | at a restaurant over in Haverhill. | |
[1:26:23] | Sheila. | 希拉 |
[1:26:27] | – Sheila. – Yeah. | – 希拉 – 是 |
[1:26:33] | Something wrong with the food? | 东西不好吃吗? |
[1:26:37] | No, it’s fine. | 不,很好 |
[1:26:39] | Back at the house you mentioned you were on medication. | 刚才在房子那儿 你提到现在在接受药物治疗 |
[1:26:46] | – What kind? – All kinds. | – 哪种药? – 什么都有 |
[1:26:49] | Mostly psychotropic. | 大部分都是神经药物 |
[1:26:54] | So you had some kind of a breakdown? | 这么说你曾经神经失常过? |
[1:26:58] | Mm-hmm, my junior year in college. | 嗯,是大学3年级的时候 |
[1:27:02] | You were that young? | 你那时还那么年轻? |
[1:27:06] | What happened? | 发生什么了? |
[1:27:08] | I don’t really know. | 我也不大清楚 |
[1:27:11] | Well, nervous breakdowns don’t just come out of nowhere. | 不会毫无缘由的神经失常的 |
[1:27:15] | Something must have caused it. | 一定是事出有因 |
[1:27:17] | I guess. | 大概吧 |
[1:27:20] | But I was fine before I left for college. | 但是我大学前很正常 |
[1:27:25] | I don’t know. Maybe it was the stress | 我不知道,也许是来自独处时的压力 |
[1:27:27] | of being on my own. | |
[1:27:29] | Maybe it’s a chemical imbalance in my brain. | 也许是来自我大脑化学失调的缘故 |
[1:27:32] | Every psychiatrist I go to has a different opinion. | 每个医生都诊断不同 |
[1:27:35] | This one guy, dr. Faris, | 有个医生,法利斯医生 |
[1:27:38] | he said I must have been sexually abused as a child. | 他说我一定是小时候受过性侵犯 |
[1:27:42] | When I told him I wasrt, | 当我告诉他根本没有时 |
[1:27:44] | he said I must be repressing the memory. | 他说我一定是在排斥那段记忆 |
[1:27:46] | Right, um, so what happened after that? | 哦,那之后怎么了? |
[1:27:50] | Did you drop out of school? | 你退学了吗? |
[1:27:52] | Not right away. | 没有马上退学 |
[1:27:55] | My mother wanted me to go | 我妈叫我去了大学里的心理咨询中心 |
[1:27:57] | to the campus counseling center. | |
[1:27:59] | And they wanted the problem fixed, like I could just | 他们想很快把我治好 就好像一切都能轻而易举的恢复常态 |
[1:28:02] | snap my fingers and everything would be okay again. | |
[1:28:05] | Yeah, I know all about that. | 是啊,这些我都知道 |
[1:28:07] | You do? | 是吗? |
[1:28:11] | Yes, I do. | 是的 |
[1:28:17] | So they said I could leave school | 他们说我能离开学校 |
[1:28:21] | and get married and have lots of kids like my sisters, | 象我姐姐们那样结婚生子 |
[1:28:24] | and I can’t take care of kids. | 但是我不能照顾孩子 |
[1:28:26] | I can’t even take care of myself | 我连我自己都照顾不好 而且,又有谁会娶我呢? |
[1:28:28] | most of the time. Besides, who’s gonna marry me? | |
[1:28:32] | You’re not so bad. | 你条件不差 |
[1:28:35] | What? | 什么? |
[1:28:38] | You’re… you’re not so bad. | 你…你挺好的 |
[1:28:47] | I haven’t had a real boyfriend in six years, | 自从我第2次神经失常后 |
[1:28:49] | not since my second breakdown. | 6年没有真正意义的交过男朋友了 |
[1:28:52] | I had this thing happen on a Greyhound bus. | 上次病发是在长途汽车上 |
[1:28:55] | – I was… – do you want me to wrap that up? | – 我当时… – 用不用帮您把这个打包? |
[1:28:58] | Oh, no, thank you. | 哦,不,谢谢 |
[1:29:01] | No, wrap it up, please. I’ll take it home. | 不,请打包,我要带回家 |
[1:29:04] | Folks gonna want dessert? | 要甜点吗? |
[1:29:07] | What do you say, Sheila? You wanna share something sweet? | 怎么样,希拉? 想不想一起和我吃甜点? |
[1:29:15] | Let’s make a little stop. | 我们稍微休息一下 |
[1:29:17] | Take the next left. | 下一个路口左转 |
[1:29:26] | Turn off the lights. | 把车灯关上 |
[1:29:36] | I had a nice time tonight. | 我今晚过的很开心 |
[1:29:45] | The last guy I went out with, | 上次我见的那个人 |
[1:29:47] | you know what he did? | 知道他是怎么做的吗? |
[1:29:49] | He ditched me. | 他把我自己扔在那儿 |
[1:29:52] | He got up to go to the mers room, | 他说要去洗手间 |
[1:29:55] | never came back. | 但是却再也没回来 |
[1:29:59] | Stuck me with the check. | 把帐单留给我一个人 |
[1:30:03] | Never said goodbye. | 连再见都没有说 |
[1:30:05] | Never called to apologize. | 也从没打电话来道过歉 |
[1:30:08] | He wasrt my type anyway. He was a big-shot CPA. | 反正他也不是我喜欢的类型 他是个大会计师 |
[1:30:12] | Super normal guy. Didn’t want to be dating some psycho. | 极其正常的一个人 根本不想和神经病约会 |
[1:30:23] | But you seem like a nice person. | 但是你看起来人不错 |
[1:30:54] | Better not tell on me. | 你要给我保密 |
[1:31:00] | You hear me? | 听到了吗? |
[1:31:06] | You better not tell, or I’ll fucking get you. | 你最好什么都别说 否则我会教训你的 |
[1:32:09] | Hold on, Mom. Hold on, dad. | 等下,妈妈 等下,爸爸 |
[1:32:12] | You should park the car on the escalator, and back… | 你应该把车停在扶梯那里,之后… |
[1:32:16] | – So? – What? | – 怎么样? – 什么? |
[1:32:18] | – Up, down and then up. – Test, dummy. How’d it go? | – 升,降,然后再升 – 考试啊,笨蛋,考的怎么样? |
[1:32:22] | It was all right. | 还不错 |
[1:32:26] | You didn’t call home last night. | 你昨晚没给家里打电话 |
[1:32:29] | I was worried. | 我很担心 |
[1:32:30] | Go on the escalator. | 电梯快走啊 |
[1:32:32] | Guess I could really use that cell phone. | 看来我真的需要部手机 |
[1:32:36] | Go on the escalator. | 电梯快走啊 欢迎妈妈回家 |
[1:32:38] | Go on the escalator. | |
[1:33:09] | – Well, look who’s back. – Oh, hi. | – 看谁回来了 – 哦,嗨 |
[1:33:12] | Hi, Jean. | 嗨,简 |
[1:33:15] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:33:17] | You’re a lifesaver. | 你帮了大忙了 |
[1:33:19] | So how was your old roommate? | 你的老室友怎么样? |
[1:33:21] | Oh, great. | 哦,很好 |
[1:33:22] | Yeah, thanks for doing this on such short notice. | 多谢你临时帮我照看孩子 |
[1:33:25] | Let me give you something for your time. | 我给你点补偿吧 |
[1:33:28] | That’s not necessary. | 不用的 |
[1:33:31] | No, really. I insist. | 不,真的,需要的 |
[1:33:35] | Please don’t. | 别这样 |
[1:33:40] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:33:42] | Uh, any calls? | 有电话吗? |
[1:33:44] | Nope, it was very quiet. | 没,很清静 |
[1:33:46] | She’s asleep on your bed. It was a very busy day. | 她在你床上睡觉 今天她玩的很累 |
[1:33:49] | That’s great. | 那太好了 |
[1:33:51] | Um, Jean, is everything okay? | 简,一切都还好吗? |
[1:33:58] | Yeah, she’s a wonderful child. | 是的,她是个乖孩子 |
[1:34:20] | Mommy. | 妈妈 |
[1:34:33] | Mommy! | 妈妈! |
[1:34:36] | Yeah. | 什么事 |
[1:34:37] | Are you coming? | 你出来吗? |
[1:34:43] | – I have something. – What? | – 我有东西给你 – 什么? |
[1:34:47] | I have something for you. | 我有东西给你 |
[1:34:53] | Just give me a second here, okay? | 等一下,好吗? |
[1:35:23] | Brad. | 布莱德 |
[1:35:30] | Brad. | 布莱德 |
[1:35:34] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[1:35:37] | Aarors been telling me about his new friend Lucy. | 亚伦一直在和我说他的新朋友露西 |
[1:35:41] | She sounds like a sweet little girl. | 听起来她是个可爱的小姑娘 |
[1:35:45] | What’s her mother like? | 她妈妈是什么样的人? |
[1:35:52] | Nice enough, I guess. | 很好,我想 |
[1:35:55] | I can’t even remember her name. | 她叫什么我都不记得了 |
[1:36:01] | Isn’t it Sarah? | 是不是叫莎拉? |
[1:36:05] | Sarah? | 莎拉? |
[1:36:08] | Yeah, Sarah, | 对,莎拉 |
[1:36:10] | from the pool. | 在游泳池那儿认识的 |
[1:36:12] | Her daughter’s name is Lucy. | 她女儿叫露西 |
[1:36:15] | Oh, Lucy’s mom. Yeah, I forgot. That’s right. | 哦,是露西的妈妈啊 对,我都忘了,没错 |
[1:36:17] | Her name is Sarah. | 她是叫莎拉 |
[1:36:20] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[1:36:24] | Yeah, it might be really nice for Aaron | 要是他们能来家里吃饭 亚伦一定会很高兴的 |
[1:36:26] | if they came over for dinner. | |
[1:36:33] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:36:58] | So you’re in advertising? | 这么说你是从事广告业的? |
[1:37:01] | No, that’s… that’s a common misconception. | 不,这…这个问题大家经常误解 |
[1:37:03] | I’ not in advertising. I’ in branding. | 我不是搞广告的,是做商标的 |
[1:37:05] | And that’s very different. | 这两者区别很大 |
[1:37:08] | Richard’s pretty high up in the company. | 理查德在公司的职位很高 |
[1:37:10] | Yeah yeah, I have these clients | 是的,没错 通常我的客户会来找我 |
[1:37:12] | and they’ll come to me when they have, | |
[1:37:14] | you know, a new product they wanna sell. | 如果他们有新产品需要销售的话 |
[1:37:16] | Like, um, these guys, they were in a couple weeks ago. | 就好像,嗯… 几周前来找我的那帮家伙 |
[1:37:19] | They’re trying to open this chain of Chinese restaurants, right? | 他们打算开中餐连锁店 |
[1:37:22] | They’re talking to me and l… I look down at the table | 他们和我谈他们的计划 可我…仔细看了看他们 |
[1:37:26] | and I realize that none of these guys were Chinese. | 意识到他们中间一个中国人都没有 |
[1:37:28] | Where were they from? | 那他们是哪儿的人? |
[1:37:31] | They’re a bunch of fat cats from Tennessee. | 他们不过是田纳西的一帮有钱人 |
[1:37:33] | They think they can start a chain of Chinese restaurants good enough | 他们以为自己能搞个中餐连锁 愚弄美国大众 |
[1:37:36] | to fool the average American boob. | |
[1:37:38] | Oh, God. | 哦,天啊 |
[1:37:40] | Mmm! | 嗯~ |
[1:37:43] | – This is delicious. – Isn’t it? | – 这个真好吃 – 是吗? |
[1:37:45] | Brad’s a fantastic cook. | 布莱德厨艺精湛 |
[1:37:47] | So you guys see these fliers with the guy’s face | 你们看到满大街贴的 那个家伙的传单了吗? |
[1:37:51] | plastered all over our village? | |
[1:37:53] | Lots of Sturm und drang in our quiet little town, huh? | 我们这个宁静的小镇 可潜伏着很多动荡不安啊 |
[1:37:55] | Yeah, it’s crazy. | 是啊,简直太可怕了 |
[1:37:57] | What I want to know is why they let a creep like that out of prison. | 我想知道为什么会放这种人渣出来 |
[1:38:00] | Some of the people going after him are just as crazy. | 那些对他穷追不放的人也一样疯狂 |
[1:38:02] | – What do you mean? – Well, just today I heard that | – 什么意思? – 今天我听说… |
[1:38:05] | some nut’s been spray-painting the poor guy’s house, | 有个疯子在那人家门口喷漆 |
[1:38:08] | lighting fires on his porch. God knows what else. | 在他家门廊上放火 可能还不止这些呢 |
[1:38:11] | – Do they know who’s doing it? – Huh-uh. | – 知道是谁干的吗? – 不知道 |
[1:38:13] | They think it’s some ex-cop. | 估计是个前任警察 |
[1:38:15] | You know, that guy who killed that kid at the mall. | 就是在商场杀了个孩子的那人 |
[1:38:17] | Yeah, I don’t think it’s him. | 哦,我觉得不会是他 |
[1:38:19] | You’re biased. You’re friends with the guy. | 你心存偏见 你和那人是朋友 |
[1:38:22] | Brad’s on that Committee of Concerned Parents | 布莱德和他都是那个 “忧心父母委员会”的 |
[1:38:25] | with him. | |
[1:38:26] | I didn’t know you were on that. | 没想到你也是委员会的 |
[1:38:28] | I play on his football team. | 我和他是一个橄榄球队的 |
[1:38:31] | He asked me to distribute some fliers. | 他叫我帮着发些传单 |
[1:38:34] | He’s on your team. | 他是你们球队的? |
[1:38:36] | You never told me that. | 你从来没说过 |
[1:38:39] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[1:38:43] | You know what’s weird? I’ve never even seen this McGorvey guy. | 你们知道吗,我还从来没见过 这个叫麦克格威的家伙 |
[1:38:47] | – We did. – No, we didn’t. | – 我们见过 – 不,没有 |
[1:38:49] | Not you. Me and Brad. | 不是说你,是我和布莱德 |
[1:38:51] | That day at the pool, remember? | 在游泳池那天,记得吗? |
[1:38:54] | Yeah, I-I totally forgot. | 是啊,我…我都忘了 怎么了? |
[1:39:00] | – Well, what happened? – Sexual tension is an elusive thing, | 性张力往往难以捕获 |
[1:39:03] | but Kathy had pretty good radar for it. | 但是凯西对此却有 很敏感的雷达检测系统 |
[1:39:05] | It was like someone had turned a knob a hair to the right, | 就好像有人将调节器 稍稍向右一拧 |
[1:39:09] | and the radio station clicked in so loud and clear | 接收信号就一下子强烈明朗起来 |
[1:39:11] | it almost knocked her over. | 强烈的差点将她击昏过去 |
[1:39:14] | Once she became aware of the connection between them, | 一旦她意识到他们之间的关系 |
[1:39:17] | it seemed impossible that she’d missed it before. | 之前的一切也都联系起来 |
[1:39:20] | On a hunch, Kathy dropped her fork | 直觉所趋,凯西将叉子掉在地上 |
[1:39:22] | in the hopes that while retrieving it | 希望在拾叉子时逮到 莎拉和布莱德在餐桌下调情 |
[1:39:25] | she would catch Sarah and Brad playing footsie, | |
[1:39:28] | – but she was mistaken. – Asked him to leave, and he left. | 但是她想错了 叫他离开,后来他就走了 |
[1:39:31] | But you know what? He didn’t look scary, right? I mean… | 可你知道吗,他看上去一点 都不可怕,是不是,我是说… |
[1:39:34] | No, it… it wasrt that big of a deal, you know. | 不,只是…其实没什么的 |
[1:39:37] | – No, he’s like a regular guy, you know? – Yeah, I mean… | – 不,他看上去很正常 – 对,我是说… |
[1:39:39] | Kathy, are you okay? | 凯西,你还好吗? |
[1:39:42] | Uh, yeah. | 是的 |
[1:39:43] | Just a sec. | 马上就来了 |
[1:39:47] | Brad had convinced himself | 布莱德深信晚餐聚会很成功 |
[1:39:48] | the dinner party had gone well. | |
[1:39:51] | That he and Sarah had managed to put Kathy’s suspicions to rest, | 深信他和莎拉成功解除了 凯西对他们的怀疑 |
[1:39:54] | at least temporarily. | 至少是暂时解除了她的怀疑 |
[1:39:57] | She certainly hadrt accused him of anything, | 至少她没有指责他什么 |
[1:39:59] | or behaved in a way that made him think | 也没有表现出意识到 什么反常发生的迹象 |
[1:40:01] | she’d noticed anything untoward. | |
[1:40:08] | I’ really glad they came over. | 真高兴他们过来 |
[1:40:17] | – Good night. | – Good night. – 晚安 – 晚安 |
[1:40:20] | Two days later, however, | 但是,两天后 |
[1:40:22] | his mother-in-law showed up for a surprise visit… | 他的岳母出人意料的前来拜访… |
[1:40:24] | – Thank you, John. …of ominously indeterminate length. | …停留时间不明 |
[1:40:27] | And from that moment on, she accompanied Brad | 从那时起,她就对 布莱德和亚伦形影不离 |
[1:40:30] | and Aaron everywhere: | |
[1:40:32] | To the playground; | 无论是操场 |
[1:40:34] | – We need some butter. – To the supermarket; | 超市 |
[1:40:37] | And to the town pool. | 甚至是游泳池 |
[1:40:39] | Hi, Aaron. | 嗨,亚伦 |
[1:40:42] | Hi, Lucy. | 嗨,露西 |
[1:40:47] | The worst of it was the pool. | 游泳池无疑是最糗的一幕 |
[1:40:50] | Nevertheless, after threatening all week | 然而,尽管整周都反对他 去参加橄榄球比赛 布莱德的岳母终于 在最后一刻开了恩 |
[1:40:52] | to go the football game, Brad’s mother-in-law decided against it | |
[1:40:56] | at the last minute. | |
[1:40:58] | – So are you coming? – Well, I’d like to, | – 一起去吗? – 我倒是想啊 |
[1:41:00] | but I’ a little tired. | 但是我有点累了 |
[1:41:02] | You sure? You’re welcome to. | 真的吗?欢迎观摩我们比赛 |
[1:41:04] | No, go ahead. You and Aaron | 不了,你去吧 今天下午你和亚伦够叫我忙活的了 |
[1:41:06] | sure kept me hopping this afternoon. | |
[1:41:09] | Looks like you’re on your own. | 看来你自由了 |
[1:41:11] | Oh, that’s my ride. | 哦,车来了 |
[1:41:14] | – What time are you gonna be home? – I don’t know. | – 你什么时候回来? – 我也不知道 |
[1:41:16] | Pretty late, though. | 应该会很晚吧 |
[1:41:18] | Be careful and stay out of trouble. | 当心点,别闯祸啊 |
[1:41:34] | Winds whisper of high hopes, | 微风传送着获胜的希望 |
[1:41:37] | victory is in the skies. | 胜利正洋洋得意的向他们示意 |
[1:41:39] | One joins with many on the summer’s green field. | 大家又汇聚到这夏日的绿茵场上 |
[1:41:42] | At 0 and 5, the Guardians were the basement dwellers | 5战皆败,“守卫者”不过是“三郡” 触身式橄榄球夜间俱乐部中的弱队 |
[1:41:46] | of the Tri-County Touch Football Night League. | |
[1:41:49] | The Controllers, a team of young hotshots from the financial district | 4胜1负的战绩无疑暗示着 “控制者”是一支来自金融区的强队 |
[1:41:52] | were 4 and 1 with an explosive offense | 他们个个身强力壮,身怀绝技 |
[1:41:55] | that regularly racked up 40 to 50 points a game. | 特别是他们无坚不摧的进攻 每场都有40-50分入帐 |
[1:41:59] | But from the opening kickoff, | 但是从比赛一开始 |
[1:42:01] | this ragtag group of law enforcement officers | 这支由执法警官组成的弱队 |
[1:42:04] | decided to crunch their own numbers. | 就决定殊死抵抗 |
[1:42:10] | But the Controllers scored first | 在成功拦截巴特.威廉姆斯后 “控制者”深入”守卫者”禁区 |
[1:42:13] | after recovering a Bart Williams fumble | |
[1:42:15] | deep in Guardians’ territory near the end of the second quarter. | 在第二节比赛接近结束时率先得分 |
[1:42:23] | The Guardians evened things up early in the second half… | “守卫者”又在后半时 前段将比分扳平… |
[1:42:28] | moving methodically downfield | 有条不紊的组织了 长达80码的连阵进攻 |
[1:42:31] | on an 80-yard touchdown drive. | |
[1:42:38] | The Controllers regained the lead with a fourth quarter field goal. | 第四节的一记三分球使 “控制者”又夺回了领先的优势 |
[1:42:41] | With less than a minute to go, trailing by three, | 距离比赛结束还有不到一分钟 “守卫者”仍然落后三分 |
[1:42:45] | the Guardians faced the extinction of their hopes. | 他们获胜的希望即将破灭 |
[1:42:47] | – Down! – It was their last chance… | 界外 这是他们最后的机会… |
[1:42:49] | 4th and 5 on their own 35. | 最后一次进攻,只需在他们自己 半场35码处再推进5码 |
[1:42:52] | Set! | 预备 |
[1:42:55] | Hut, hut! | 开始,开始 |
[1:43:30] | Yeah yeah yeah! | 哇,哇,哇! |
[1:43:33] | Yeah yeah! | 哇,太棒了! |
[1:43:37] | Yeah yeah! | 太棒了! |
[1:43:40] | Yeah! | 太棒了! |
[1:43:44] | Oh my God! | 哦,天啊! |
[1:43:45] | Yeah! | 太好了! |
[1:43:58] | Brad, Brad! | 布莱德,布莱德! |
[1:44:03] | What do you want? | 干什么? |
[1:44:04] | Everyone is waiting for us at the bar. Are… are… are you coming? | 大家都在酒吧等着咱们呢 你…你…你来吗? |
[1:44:08] | Why don’t you go on ahead? I’ll catch up later. | 你先去吧,我一会儿就到 |
[1:44:10] | You’re gonna come, right? I mean, we gotta celebrate. | 你会来的,对吗? 我是说,我们得好好庆祝下 |
[1:44:13] | Yeah yeah yeah, I’ll be there. | 没错,我会去的 |
[1:44:15] | – You promise? – Jesus, Larry, I just told you. | – 你保证? – 天啊,拉里,我会的 |
[1:44:18] | – Well, you got a ride? – Yeah. | – 有人送你吗? – 有 |
[1:44:23] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:44:25] | I’ll have a cold one waiting for you. | 我给你点杯冰啤等你啊 |
[1:44:31] | Larry, you have to go home now. | 拉里,你现在得走了 |
[1:44:33] | Just give me five more minutes. He promised he was coming. | 再给我5分钟,他说过会来的 |
[1:44:36] | I don’t care what he promised, I want to lock up. | 我才不管他说过什么呢 我只想把店关了 |
[1:44:39] | Now get your butt out of here! | 现在快走! |
[1:44:41] | Now! | 快! |
[1:44:50] | When I looked up there and saw you it was just… | 当我抬起头看到你时,我… |
[1:44:54] | wow… wow. | 哇…哇 |
[1:44:58] | Thank God you came. | 谢天谢地你来了 |
[1:45:02] | I don’t want to go home. | 我不想回家 |
[1:45:05] | I want to stay right here forever. | 我就想一直待在这儿 |
[1:45:09] | No, I do. For the first time in my life | 不,是真的 我生命中第一次感到充满希望 就好像我无所不能一样,懂吗? |
[1:45:10] | I feel like anything is possible. Like I can do anything, you know? | |
[1:45:18] | What are we doing? | 我们这是在干什么? |
[1:45:20] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[1:45:24] | It’s not real, Brad. | 这不现实,布莱德 |
[1:45:27] | What? | 什么? |
[1:45:29] | This. It’s wrong and it’s weird. | 这个,这是错误,是不正常的 |
[1:45:32] | How long are we gonna sneak around together? | 我们还要这么偷偷摸摸的多久? |
[1:45:33] | How long can that last? I can’t do this anymore. | 还能持续多长时间? 我再也不能这么下去了 |
[1:45:35] | No, no don’t say that. | 不,别这么说 |
[1:45:37] | As long as I know that we’re gonna have this… | 只要我们还这样… |
[1:45:41] | Have what? | 还哪样? |
[1:45:42] | What is this? | 我们这算什么? |
[1:45:45] | Look… | 听着… |
[1:45:47] | if that dinner at your house was any indication, | 如果在你家的那次晚餐 是某种暗示的话 |
[1:45:50] | you seem pretty happy with your wife. | 看上去你和你太太相处的很融洽 |
[1:45:53] | You know, you have a perfect life | 你的生活很完美… |
[1:45:55] | – and I don’t wanna to be the… – Okay, stop stop stop. | – …我不想… – 好了,别,别说了 |
[1:45:59] | Run away with me. | 和我一起远走高飞 |
[1:46:02] | What? | 什么? |
[1:46:06] | You don’t mean that. | 你不是认真的 |
[1:46:09] | You believe in me. | 你要相信我 |
[1:46:13] | Come on. | 相信我 |
[1:46:16] | We’ll go away, figure this thing out. | 我们一起离开这里 解决好这件事 |
[1:46:19] | It’s not weird. | 这并不奇怪 |
[1:46:22] | The kids are comfortable with each other. | 孩子们在一起也相处的很好 |
[1:46:25] | I know there’s more to it than that, but… | 我知道不止是这些,但是… |
[1:46:28] | let’s do this. | 我们走吧 |
[1:46:31] | Please. Please, Sarah. | 求你,求你了,莎拉 |
[1:46:37] | Oh my God. | 哦,天啊 |
[1:46:40] | You really mean it, don’t you? | 你是认真的,是吗? |
[1:46:43] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:46:48] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:46:51] | Okay. Okay. Yes! | 好吧,好吧,好的! |
[1:46:54] | Yes! Okay, yes. | 好的,好的 |
[1:47:00] | Fucking Brad, I’ so sick of hearing about Brad. | 混蛋布莱德,我再也受不了他了 |
[1:47:04] | I’ fucking over it. | 我受不了了 |
[1:47:07] | I don’t even like him. He’s a loser. | 我根本就不喜欢他 他就是个衰人 |
[1:47:10] | “Brad made the fucking touchdown.” | “布莱德他妈的连阵成功“ |
[1:47:12] | Yeah, you know why he hasn’t the balls to show up here? | 没错,你知道他为什么没种来这吗? |
[1:47:14] | ‘Cause I fucking made the block. It’s bullshit. | 因为都是我阻挡成功,妈的 |
[1:47:17] | That’s why he’s not even here, he’s fucking embarrassed to see me. | 所以他才没出现 他根本就没脸见我 |
[1:47:20] | I don’t even like anybody in this fucking town. | 这个破镇子里没一个我喜欢的人 |
[1:47:37] | Wake up, wake up! | 醒醒,醒醒! |
[1:47:39] | Wake up, Woodward Court! | 醒醒,伍德沃场! |
[1:47:43] | Okay, I’ awake. | 好啦,我醒了 |
[1:47:44] | Open your eyes! Get your goddamn heads out of the sand! | 睁开眼睛!头脑清醒一点! |
[1:47:49] | My heads? My goddamn heads? | 我的头?我的头? |
[1:47:51] | Don’t you people love your children? | 你们难道不爱自己的孩子吗? |
[1:47:53] | Don’t you want to protect them from evil? | 你们难道不想他们远离邪恶吗? |
[1:47:56] | Woodward Court, there’s a pervert in your midst! | 伍德沃场,你们中有个变态! |
[1:48:00] | There’s a goddamn pervert in your midst! | 有个变态他妈的在你们中间! |
[1:48:02] | Open your eyes! Protect the children! | 睁开双眼吧,保护好孩子们! |
[1:48:05] | Save the children! | 救救孩子们! |
[1:48:07] | Wake up and see the grass! | 醒醒,看看草地上是什么! |
[1:48:10] | – Just stay inside, Ronnie. – Save the children! | – 你呆在房里,罗尼 – 救救孩子们! |
[1:48:12] | Open your goddamn eyes! | 清醒一下吧! |
[1:48:14] | Wake up and save your children! | 醒醒,救救你们的孩子! |
[1:48:17] | You dirty son of a bitch! Get off my lawn! | 你这个王八蛋!滚开! |
[1:48:21] | Who the hell do you think you are, Mr. High and Mighty? | 你以为自己是谁? 以为你很了不起吗? |
[1:48:24] | No perverts in Woodward Court! | 伍德沃场没有变态! |
[1:48:27] | No perverts in Woodward Court! | |
[1:48:29] | You think you’re God? Far from it! | 你以为自己是上帝吗?别臭美了! |
[1:48:30] | I don’t think I’ God! I never said I was! | 我不觉得自己是上帝! 我也从来没说过! |
[1:48:33] | You murderer, you killed the boy. | 你这个杀人犯,你杀了那孩子 |
[1:48:35] | I didn’t murder anyone. Now why don’t you go back inside, put some clothes on? | 我没杀过人,快进屋多穿几件衣服 别这么衣冠不整的 |
[1:48:37] | You shot him through the neck. I read it in the paper. | 你一枪打在他脖子上 报纸上是这么说的 |
[1:48:39] | – No perverts in… – You son of a bitch. Give me that. | – 没有变态… – 你这个混蛋,给我 |
[1:48:42] | Hey hey! | 嘿!嘿! |
[1:48:45] | Give me that! You’re… | 把那个给我!你… |
[1:48:46] | – You need to go home. – The police are coming. | – 最好快点回家去 – 警察马上就来了 |
[1:48:48] | I mean, you’re scaring my kids. | 你把我孩子都吓到了 |
[1:48:49] | Your kids need to be frightened! | 你们的孩子就需要受惊吓! |
[1:48:52] | They live across the street from a pervert! | 他们就住在变态家街对面! |
[1:48:55] | Ow! Oh! | 哦!哦! |
[1:48:57] | Oh my God, Mrs. McGorvey. Are you okay? | 天,麦克格威太太,你没事吗? |
[1:49:02] | May. May! | 梅,梅! |
[1:49:05] | May… I think we should call an ambulance. | 梅…我觉得应该叫救护车 |
[1:49:08] | Karen, call an ambulance, right now! | 卡伦,叫救护车,快点! |
[1:49:10] | – I’ doing it! – Oh, fuck. | – 我正叫呢! – 哦,妈的 |
[1:49:12] | – May! – This is all I need. | – 梅! – 真是太好了 |
[1:49:25] | Excuse me, Mr. McGorvey, we need to ask you some questions. | 对不起,麦克格威先生 我们需要问你几个问题 |
[1:50:05] | $14.35. | 14块3毛5 |
[1:50:19] | The Fed continuing its campaign against inflation | 联邦昨天第10次提高短期利率 |
[1:50:22] | by raising short-term interest rates for the 10th time yesterday. | 希望以此来阻止通货膨胀 |
[1:50:26] | Usually there is a correlation between inflation and gold prices. | 通常情况下 通货膨胀与金价息息相关 |
[1:50:30] | Let’s take you over to our stocks desk… | 现在请看股市… |
[1:50:33] | Cafe con leche? | 来点咖啡吗? |
[1:50:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:50:43] | Kim Bryson, please call the operator. | 克姆.布莱森,请联络总机 |
[1:50:47] | Kim Bryson, please call the operator. | |
[1:50:52] | Madre. | 我妈妈 |
[1:50:57] | Me too. She’s resting. | 我也是,她现在在休息 |
[1:51:44] | Get down, knock it off! | 下来,别这样! |
[1:51:47] | Quiet. | 静一下 |
[1:51:49] | Bring him around. | 把车开过来 |
[1:52:00] | It’s all yours. | 交给你了 |
[1:52:51] | Mr. McGorvey. | 麦克格威先生 |
[1:52:54] | Mr. McGorvey. | 麦克格威先生 |
[1:52:58] | I’ afraid we have some bad news. | 对不起,是坏消息 |
[1:53:03] | Do you have a mortuary to make arrangements for you? | 有没有殡仪馆帮你安排后事? |
[1:53:08] | It’s not a problem. The hospital has a list that I can provide you with. | 那没什么,医院可以帮你安排 |
[1:53:12] | Here’s what’s going to happen: | 程序是这样的 |
[1:53:14] | Your mother’s body will remain in her bed | 你母亲的遗体会在病床上保留3小时 |
[1:53:17] | for up to three hours. | 一般都是3个小时 |
[1:53:18] | Three hours is typical. | |
[1:53:20] | But if there’s a request for more time, depending on our occupancy, | 但是如果家属要求延长时间 以我们的工作来说 |
[1:53:24] | that’s usually not a problem. | 通常都是没有问题的 |
[1:53:26] | If there’s anyone you need to call… | 如果你需要通知什么人的话… |
[1:53:30] | family, friends… | 家人,朋友… |
[1:53:33] | they’re welcome to full bedside visitation privileges | 在遗体运到楼下,等待运输之前 |
[1:53:35] | before the body is taken downstairs | 他们都可以到床边吊唁 |
[1:53:37] | to be prepped for transport. | |
[1:53:40] | Do you have any questions that come to mind? | 你还有什么问题吗? |
[1:53:48] | Anything I can help you with? | 还有什么我能帮忙的吗? |
[1:53:53] | – No. – Okay. | – 没有了 – 那好 |
[1:53:55] | I’d like to remind you to take your mother’s personal belongings with you before you leave the hospital today. | 我想提醒你,今天离开医院前 带上你妈妈的所有私人物品 |
[1:54:00] | And all I need from you now | 现在我需要你在这份死亡证书上签字 |
[1:54:01] | is to sign this release- of-remains form. | 做个乖孩子 |
[1:58:13] | Aaron. | 亚伦 |
[1:58:17] | Hey hey, buddy. | 嘿,嘿,老兄 |
[1:58:20] | Can you wake up? | 能醒醒吗? |
[1:58:28] | Could you take your hat off for me? | 能不能把帽子摘下来? |
[1:58:32] | Just for a second. | 就摘一会儿 |
[1:58:40] | Are you mad at me, daddy? | 你生我气了吗,爸爸? |
[1:58:43] | No. No no no, not at all. | 不,不…当然没有 |
[1:58:47] | I just want you to know | 我只是想告诉你 |
[1:58:51] | that I love you very much, | 我非常爱你 |
[1:58:54] | and I would never do anything to hurt you, okay? | 我绝不会伤害你的,知道吗? |
[1:58:59] | Okay. | 知道 |
[1:59:08] | Now you can go back to sleep. | 好,接着去睡觉吧 |
[2:00:10] | Lucy, come on. | 露西,快点 |
[2:00:14] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[2:00:17] | I will not go in the car seat! | 我不做汽车座椅! |
[2:00:22] | – You have to go in the car… – I will not go in the car seat! | – 你一定得坐… – 我不坐! |
[2:00:25] | Yes, you will! | 不,你要坐! |
[2:00:26] | – You will go in the car seat. – No, I won’t! | – 你要坐汽车座椅 – 不,不要 |
[2:00:27] | Yes, you will. Go in the car seat. | 对,你要坐,快坐上 |
[2:00:29] | I will not go in the car seat! | 我不要坐! |
[2:00:33] | Okay, just… | 好吧,只是… |
[2:00:38] | you don’t have to go in the car seat. | 你不用坐汽车座椅 |
[2:00:39] | You can just go here. No, actually… | 你就坐这儿,不,你要… |
[2:00:42] | go on the floor. Okay. | 要坐在地板上,好的 |
[2:00:43] | Okay, go down on the floor. You have to stay down, okay? | 好的,坐在地板上 你要低下身,知道吗? |
[2:00:46] | Mommy is gonna get arrested. Just stay down, okay? | 否则妈妈会被抓起来的 趴下身,好吗? |
[2:00:48] | Okay. | 好的 |
[2:01:08] | Mommy, I want to go home. | 妈妈,我想回家 |
[2:01:12] | Yeah, in a minute, | 好的,马上就好 |
[2:01:15] | as soon as Brad gets here. | 只要布莱德到了就好 |
[2:01:31] | Hello? | 有人吗? |
[2:01:36] | Ronnie? | 罗尼? |
[2:02:07] | Oh my God. | 哦,天 |
[2:02:25] | – Are you all right? – Yeah! Let’s do it. Let’s go! | – 你还好吗? – 是的,来吧,来吧! |
[2:02:30] | Hey, dude! | 嘿,老兄! |
[2:02:32] | What’s the hurry? | 那么着急干什么? |
[2:02:39] | Yeah! Oh! | 呀!哦! |
[2:02:43] | – This is so sick. – Damn. | – 真恶心 – 糟糕 |
[2:02:46] | – Nice. – Oh, man. | – 不错 – 哦,老兄 |
[2:02:48] | Yeah, man. | 老兄 |
[2:02:51] | – How about you take a run? – What? | – 你来一次怎么样? – 什么? |
[2:02:52] | Yeah, give it a shot. See what happens. | 对啊,来试试,看你怎么样 |
[2:02:55] | You guys are crazy, I can’t do that. | 你们一定是疯了 我不会滑的 |
[2:02:58] | It’s not about that, it’s about skating. | 那不是关键,重要的是滑板本身 |
[2:03:13] | Whoo! | 哇! |
[2:03:15] | Come on. | Come on. 快点,快点来啊 |
[2:04:12] | Do you need help? | 你需要帮忙吗? |
[2:04:23] | She’s g… gone. | 她…走了 |
[2:04:26] | She’s gone. | 她死了 |
[2:04:29] | Who? Who’s gone? | 谁?谁死了? |
[2:04:33] | Mommy. Mommy’s gone. | 妈妈,妈妈死了 |
[2:04:41] | I… | 我… |
[2:04:43] | I’ sorry. | 我深表遗憾 |
[2:04:46] | She loved me. | 她爱我 |
[2:04:51] | She’s the only one. | 只有她爱我 |
[2:04:58] | Mommy died. | 妈妈死了 |
[2:05:02] | Mommy died. | 妈妈死了 |
[2:05:13] | Lucy? | 露西? |
[2:05:17] | Lucy! Lucy! | 露西!露西! |
[2:05:22] | Lucy! | 露西! |
[2:05:24] | Lucy! | |
[2:05:27] | Lucy! Lucy! | 露西!露西! |
[2:05:31] | Lucy! Lucy! | |
[2:05:39] | Lucy! | 露西! |
[2:05:42] | Lucy! | |
[2:05:53] | Get in the car seat! | Get in the car seat! 坐到车座上! 给我坐到车座上! |
[2:06:21] | It’s okay, Mommy. | 别难过,妈妈 |
[2:06:27] | Lucy. | 露西 |
[2:06:37] | I’ sorry. | 对不起 |
[2:06:39] | I’ so sorry. | 太对不起了 |
[2:06:47] | Would you like to go home? | 想回家吗? |
[2:06:51] | Yeah? | 好吗? |
[2:07:11] | Brad. | 布莱德 |
[2:07:13] | Brad, can you hear me? | 布莱德,能听到我说话吗? |
[2:07:16] | D… don’t move. The ambulance is on its way. | 别…别动,救护车马上就到了 |
[2:07:21] | Jesus. | 天啊 |
[2:07:24] | What happened to me? | 我这是怎么了? |
[2:07:26] | These kids say you’ve been out cold for the last five minutes. | 这些孩子说你刚才睡了5分钟 |
[2:07:29] | – You almost had it. – Dude, you were awesome. | – 你差点就成功了 – 老兄,你真了不起 |
[2:07:32] | – That shit was gnarly, son. – Back up, back up! Give him some space. | – 那地太糙了 – 后退,后退!给他点呼吸的空间 |
[2:07:36] | You just hold still, all right? Hold still. | 你待着别动,知道吗? 不要动 |
[2:07:43] | Hey, bro! | 嘿,老兄! |
[2:07:45] | Here, this fell out of your pocket. | 给,这是从你口袋里掉出来的 |
[2:07:50] | I don’t need it anymore. | 我不需要了 |
[2:07:52] | – Hey, duane. – Hm? | – 嘿,杜安 – 什么事? |
[2:07:55] | Could you call my wife? | 能给我太太打个电话吗? |
[2:07:58] | You got it, buddy. | 没问题,老兄 |
[2:08:00] | Here we go. | 我们走 |
[2:08:23] | I’ so sorry, Ronnie. | 对不起,罗尼 |
[2:08:28] | I really am. | 真的很抱歉 |
[2:08:35] | I never wanted anything like this to happen. | 我也不想这种事情发生 |
[2:08:54] | Are… are you… are you okay? | 你…你…你还好吗? |
[2:09:07] | – Oh, no! – Gonna be good now. | – 哦,不! – 现在不会再有事了 |
[2:09:11] | Oh my God! | 哦,天啊! |
[2:09:18] | Hold on, Ronnie. | 坚持住,罗尼 |
[2:09:21] | You hold on. | 坚持住 |
[2:09:24] | I’ not gonna let anything happen to you. | 我不会叫你有事的 |
[2:09:26] | You hold on there, okay, buddy? | 坚持住,好吗,老兄? |
[2:09:32] | In his wildest dreams | 即使是在他最肆意的梦境中 |
[2:09:34] | Larry would never have imagined he’d once again be in this position, | 拉里也从未想过他会再次 |
[2:09:38] | where precious minutes count. | 置于这种分秒必争的境地 |
[2:09:41] | Tonight he could save a life. | 今夜他可以拯救一条生命 |
[2:09:44] | He knew Ronnie had done some bad things in the past, | 他知道罗尼以前做过坏事 |
[2:09:47] | but so had Larry. | 他也同样做过 |
[2:09:52] | You couldn’t change the past. | 你无法改变过去 |
[2:09:57] | But the future could be a different story. | 但是却可以为未来谱写新的篇章 |
[2:10:10] | And it had to start somewhere. | 而这一切都要始于某处 |