英文名称:Les misérables
年代:1998
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[03:01] | You can’t sleep here. | 你不能睡在这儿 |
[03:03] | – Get away from me. – Why don’t you go to an inn? | -离我远点儿 -为什么不去找家旅馆 |
[03:06] | – Why do you think? – Did you knock on doors and ask people? | -你以为呢 -你有敲门去问过别人吗 |
[03:09] | l asked everywhere. Leave me alone. | 都问遍了 别烦我 |
[03:13] | You didn’t ask there. | 你没问过那儿 |
[03:19] | Knock on that door. | 敲下那扇门 |
[03:31] | Who can that be? | 会是谁呢 |
[03:38] | Do you have food? | 你有吃的吗 |
[03:39] | – Come in. – Look, l’m a convict. | -进来 -听着 我是个罪犯 |
[03:42] | My name is Jean Valjean. I’ve served 19 years’ hard Iabor. | 我叫冉阿让 我服了十九年的劳役 |
[03:47] | They let me out four days ago. l’m on parole. | 四天前才放出来 现在是假释期 |
[03:49] | l have to go to Dijon to report Monday, or they’ll send me back to prison. | 我必须在星期一赶到第戎去报到 否则就要被送回监狱 |
[03:53] | Here’s my passport. I can’t read, | 这是我的证明文件 但我知道上面写什么 |
[03:56] | but l know what it says. “He’s dangerous.” | 他很危险 -我不认字 |
[03:58] | Monsieur, you’re welcome to eat with us as my guest. | 先生 我们像待客一样欢迎你和我们一起吃饭 |
[04:00] | l’m a convict. You saw my passport. | 我是个罪犯 你看下我的文件 |
[04:04] | l know who you are. | 我知道你是谁 |
[04:07] | You’re gonna let me inside your house? | 你要让我进你的房间吗 |
[04:22] | What crime did you commit? | 你犯了什么罪 |
[04:27] | Maybe l killed someone. | 也许是杀了人 |
[04:35] | How do you know l’m not going to murder you? | 你怎么知道我不会杀你 |
[04:37] | How do you know l’m not going to murder you? | 那你怎么知道我不会杀你呢 |
[04:41] | A joke? | 你在开玩笑吧 |
[04:44] | l suppose we’ll have to trust each other. | 我以为我们应该相互信任 |
[04:48] | l didn’t kill anyone. | 我没杀过人 |
[04:52] | l’m a thief. l stole food. | 我是个贼 我偷食物 |
[04:56] | l stole, but l paid for it. Nineteen years in chains. | 我偷了东西 但已偿付了十九年的镣铐生活 |
[04:59] | So they let me out, and they give me a yelIow passport. | 所以他们把我放了出来 并给了我一个黄色证件 |
[05:02] | What can l do with a yellow passport? | 我拿个黄色证件有什么用 |
[05:05] | I have to go to my parole officer in Dijon, | 我必须要去第戎的假释官那儿报到 |
[05:07] | and then what? Starve to death? | 然后又能怎么样呢 饿死吗 |
[05:12] | Nineteen years, and now the real punishment begins. | 十九年 而现在真正的惩罚才刚开始 |
[05:15] | – Men can be unjust. – Men? Not God? | -人并不是平等的 -人 不是神吗 |
[05:22] | All right. Whoever you are, thank you. | 好了 不管你是谁 谢谢 |
[05:26] | A meal and a bed to sleep in. | 一顿饭和一张床 |
[05:29] | A real bed. | 一张真正的床 |
[05:31] | And in the morning, I’ll be a new man. | 明天一早 我会焕然一新 |
[06:10] | Swine. | 猪猡 |
[07:00] | ls anybody there? | 谁在那儿 |
[07:39] | So we’Il use wooden spoons. I don’t want to hear anything more about it. | 我们可以用木勺 我不想听到更多的抱怨 |
[07:47] | – l’m sorry to disturb you. – You caught him! | -很抱歉打扰您 -你抓到他了 |
[07:50] | l had my eye on this man. | 我早就注意这个人了 |
[07:52] | Thank God. | 感谢上帝 |
[07:54] | l’m very angry with you, Jean Valjean. | 我感到很气愤 冉阿让 |
[07:56] | What happened to your eye, monseigneur? | 你的眼睛怎么了 阁下 |
[07:58] | – Didn’t he teIl you he was our guest? – Oh, yes. | -他没告诉你他是我们的客人吗 -哦 他说了 |
[08:02] | After we searched his knapsack and found all this silver… | 在我们搜查他的背包并发现这些银器之后 |
[08:06] | he claimed… | 他声称 |
[08:08] | that you gave it to him. | 是你给他的 |
[08:11] | Yes. Of course l gave him the silverware. | 是的 没错我给的 |
[08:14] | But why didn’t you take the candlesticks? That was very foolish. | 但是你为什么不拿走烛台 真是太笨了 |
[08:18] | Mme Gilot, fetch the silver candlesticks. | 吉拉特女士 把银烛台拿来 |
[08:21] | They’re worth at least 2,000 francs. Why did you leave them? Hurry! | 这至少值2000法郎 为什么不一起拿走呢 快点 |
[08:25] | M. Valjean has to get going. | 阿让先生还要急着赶路 |
[08:28] | He’s lost a lot of time. | 他已浪费了很多时间了 |
[08:31] | Did you forget to take them? | 你是忘了拿了吗 |
[08:33] | – Are you saying he told us the truth? – Of course. | -你是说他讲的是实话 -当然 |
[08:37] | Thank you for bringing him back. l’m very relieved. | 谢谢你带他回来 这我就放心了 |
[08:40] | Release him. | 放了他 |
[08:43] | You’re letting me go? | 你真要放我走吗 |
[08:45] | Didn’t you understand the bishop? | 你没听清楚主教说的话吗 |
[08:48] | Mme Gilot, offer these men some wine. They must be thirsty. | 吉拉特女士 给这些人倒点酒 他们一定口渴了 |
[08:55] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[09:08] | And don’t forget– | 别忘了 |
[09:10] | don’t ever forget you’ve promised to become a new man. | 千万别忘了 你承诺要重新做人的 |
[09:15] | Promise. | 承诺 |
[09:18] | Why are you doing this? | 你为什么这么做 |
[09:20] | Jean Valjean, my brother, you no longer belong to evil. | 冉阿让 我的兄弟 你再也不属于魔鬼了 |
[09:25] | With this silver, I’ve bought your soul. | 用这些银器 我已买下了你的灵魂 |
[09:29] | I’ve ransomed you from fear and hatred. | 我已从恐惧和仇恨中赎回了你 |
[09:34] | Now l give you back to God. | 现在我把你交回给上帝 |
[10:29] | Good afternoon, Captain. l’m Javert, the new police inspector. | 下午好 队长 我叫沙威 新任督察 |
[10:32] | Here are my orders from the Paris prefect. | 这是巴黎的长官给我签发的手令 |
[10:35] | Oh, yes. Hello, lnspector Javert. | 哦 是吗你好 沙威督察 |
[10:38] | I’ve been expecting you. l’m Captain Beauvais. | 我正期待着您的到来 我是博韦队长 |
[10:41] | – How was your journey? – You haven’t Iooked at my orders. | -旅途还好吗 -你还没有看我的手令 |
[10:44] | Oh, l’m sure they’re all right. Have you eaten? | 哦 我肯定他们不会弄错的 你吃了吗 |
[10:48] | – Or wouId you– – l’d like you to foIlow procedure. | -或者你 -我希望你照程序来办 |
[10:58] | Well, everything seems… | 好吧 所有的东西看起来都 |
[11:00] | to be in order, lnspector. | 有条不紊 督察 |
[11:03] | You are now in charge of the Vigau police. | 从现在起由您主管维高警局 |
[11:06] | ln Paris, things are miserable. | 在巴黎 治安状况很差 |
[11:08] | Crime is rampant. | 罪案天天都在发生 |
[11:11] | The streets are filthy. Conditions here are much better. | 街道非常肮脏 这里的情况好多了 |
[11:15] | Yes. Life in Vigau has never been better. | 是的 没有比生活在维高更好的了 |
[11:17] | Shall l take you to our brick f actory? | 要我带您去我们的砖场吗 |
[11:20] | – That’s our biggest business. – Very well. | -那是我们这儿最主要的支柱产业 -好极了 |
[11:22] | This way. | 这边 |
[11:26] | – Who owns the factory? – The mayor. | -工厂是谁的 -市长 |
[11:28] | He was one of the workers. | 他以前是厂子里的工人 |
[11:30] | But when it went bankrupt five years ago– incredible to think of now– | 但当五年前它破产的时候 现在想起来真是难以置信 |
[11:35] | he bought the whole works for Iess than 500 francs. | 他花了不到500法郎就全部买下了 |
[11:38] | l shouId report to the mayor as soon as possible. | 我应该尽快向市长报到 |
[11:41] | – Let’s do that first. – Yes, sir. | -先做这件事吧 -好的 先生 |
[11:43] | The mayor seems to be the force behind everything. Must be a man of genius. | 听起来好像市长管理着所有的事 他一定是个天才 |
[11:47] | He is extraordinary. But I should warn you, he is also a little eccentric. | 他确实很了不起 不过我警告你 他的脾气挺古怪 |
[11:51] | Eccentric? ln what way? | 古怪 怎么个古怪法 |
[11:53] | Well, he’s shy. Lives Iike a hermit. | 嗯 他很害羞 生活的像个隐士 |
[11:56] | Didn’t even want to be mayor. | 当时甚至连市长也不想当 |
[11:58] | Tried to refuse the honor, but the town fathers insisted. | 想拒绝这个荣誉 但是城市的长老们一再坚持 |
[12:01] | Not ambitious, yet he’s this successful. | 没有一点野心 然而却是这么成功 |
[12:03] | He’s a mystery. Some people think he’s crazy, but l like him. | 他就像一个谜团 有些人认为他是个疯子 但我喜欢他 |
[12:08] | – l like him, and l feel sorry for him. – You feel sorry for the mayor? | -我喜欢他 并且感到对不起他 -你觉得对不起市长 |
[12:13] | Because he’s lonely. Here we are. | 因为他很孤单 我们到了 |
[12:18] | – He lives here? – Strange, isn’t it? | -他住在这儿 -很奇怪 是吗 |
[12:21] | Little better than a worker’s house. | 只比工人的房子好一点点 |
[12:27] | Good afternoon, Monsieur Ie Maire. The new inspector has arrived. | 下午好 马德兰先生 新上任的督察来了 |
[12:30] | – He wants to report. – That’s all right. He doesn’t have to. | -他想向你报到 -可以了 没有这个必要 |
[12:34] | But Monsieur le Maire, if you don’t permit the inspector to report… | 但是 马德兰先生 如果你不允许他这么做的话 |
[12:38] | I think he will burst into tears. | 我想他会号啕大哭的 |
[12:46] | Monsieur le Maire, l’m Inspector Javert. | 马德兰先生 我是沙威督察 |
[12:49] | l have the honor of reporting to my post as your prefect of police. | 我很荣幸以警务总监的身份向你报到 |
[13:00] | – l’m sorry. What’s your name? – lnspector Javert. | -对不起 你叫什么名字 -沙威 |
[13:04] | – You were expecting me. Paris should– – You have papers? | -你已催过几次了巴黎方面应该 -你的证件呢 |
[13:07] | Yes, l apologize. l should have presented them immediately. | 是的 我很抱歉我应该马上呈上来的 |
[13:10] | Good. Thank you for coming. | 好 感谢你到这儿来 |
[13:13] | Captain, make sure the inspector is settled comfortably. | 队长 要把督察安置好 |
[13:16] | – Yes. – Good day. | -是 -日安 |
[13:20] | – The men and women work separately? – Yes. | -男女是分开工作的 -对 |
[13:23] | Monsieur le maire redesigned the factory in order to keep the sexes apart. | 马德兰先生重新设计了工厂 好使男女可以分开 |
[13:28] | – l told you he’s eccentric. – Not eccentric, Captain. No. | -我告诉过你他很古怪 -不古怪 队长 一点都不 |
[13:32] | He cares about honest working women and wants to protect their virtue. | 他关心诚实工作的妇女并想保护她们的贞操 |
[13:36] | Very proper. Very wise. | 非常正确 非常英明 |
[13:42] | – Sorry. – Excuse me. | -对不起 -请等一会儿 |
[13:44] | You’ve ruined another one! They’re going to dock my wages. | 你又搞砸了一个 他们会扣掉我的薪水的 |
[13:47] | AIl right! Enough. Fantine, get your things. | 好了 够了 芳汀 把你的东西捡起来 |
[13:50] | – l’m gonna move your place. – Good riddance! | -我要给你换个地方 -把她炒了吧 |
[13:52] | An unforgettable experience, but I’ll forget it anyway! | 让人难忘的经历 但我会忘得一干二净的 |
[13:55] | Let’s go. Back to work! Come on. | 回去工作 快点 |
[13:59] | The fun’s over. Come on. Back to work. | 游戏时间结束了 快点回去工作 |
[14:53] | WelI, l’d feel safer if you had an escort. | 您带几个护卫会安全点的 |
[14:57] | Don’t worry. I can look after myself. l haven’t much time. l must leave. | 别担心 我会照顾自己的 时间不多了 我要走了 |
[15:02] | l hope this urgency does not imply distress. | 我希望这件急事 不会是什么不幸的事 |
[15:06] | May l ask why you are withdrawing your entire fortune? | 我可以问一下 您为什么要把所有的存款都提走呢 |
[15:09] | l trust that you are aware that this institution is at your service– | 我相信您明白我们是全心为您服务 |
[15:13] | Thank you. But this is a business opportunity. No crisis. | 谢谢这只是生意上的一个机遇 不是坏事 |
[15:17] | I’ll be back tomorrow. | 我明天就回来 |
[15:19] | l have received disturbing information about one of the girls. | 我收到了有关一个女工的不好的消息 |
[15:23] | l haven’t questioned her, but l believe she has a chiId and is not married. | 我还没问过她 但我相信她是未婚生子 |
[15:28] | – What? ls she a whore? – I don’t hire– | -什么 她是妓女吗 -我不会雇佣 |
[15:31] | -I don’t hire women who sell themselves. -Of course you don’t. I apoIogize. | -我不会雇佣出卖自己肉体的女人 -哦 当然我道歉 |
[15:35] | it’s just, I don’t want our ladies to be exposed to corruption. | 只是 我不想让我们的女工跟她学坏 |
[15:39] | l suggest dismissal. | 我建议开除她 |
[15:41] | – I trust your judgment. – Thank you. | -我相信你的判断 -谢谢 |
[16:21] | Fantine, come with me, please. Come on. | 芳汀 跟我过来 来 快点 |
[16:25] | She’s caught the tart. | 她抓到这个小妓女了 |
[16:28] | Please don’t let me go now, madame. My little girl is sick. | 求你不要现在让我走 夫人 我的小女孩正在生病 |
[16:32] | You read it in that Ietter from the people who take care of her. | 你看看这封信 那是照顾她的人写给我的 |
[16:35] | They write that she’s got the military fever. | 他们说她的了猩红热 |
[16:37] | They need 40 francs for medicine, or she’lI die in a week. | 他们需要40法郎来买药 否则她会在一星期内就死的 |
[16:40] | Who are these people, the Thénardiers? Are they relatives? | 这些人是谁 德纳第 是亲戚嘛 |
[16:44] | No, not reIatives. | 不 不是 |
[16:46] | You deliberately left your child with strangers to conceal her? | 你把孩子留给陌生人去藏起来吗 |
[16:50] | You’re dismissing me for having a chiId– | 你会因为我有孩子而开除我 |
[16:52] | Not for having a child… | 不是因为有孩子 |
[16:54] | but for having a child out of wedlock and pretending to be an honest woman. | 是因为未婚先育 还装扮成一个诚实的女人 |
[16:57] | I have to earn money to feed her. | 我必须挣钱养活她 |
[16:59] | How can l work and take care of her? l have to lie. | 我怎能够边干活边照顾她呢 我不得不撒谎 |
[17:02] | You make it sound as though your lie is my fault. | 你说得 – -好像要撒谎是因为我的错 |
[17:05] | No. l’m sorry. l’m upset. | 不 对不起 我有点慌了 |
[17:07] | I don’t mean to argue, madame. | 我不是有意想和你吵的 夫人 |
[17:10] | My Cosette is a sweet littIe girl, an innocent little girl. | 我的珂赛特是一个天真可爱的小姑娘 |
[17:13] | Don’t punish her for my sin. l was stupid. l fell in love– | 不要因为我的错而惩罚她 我很蠢 我陷入爱河 |
[17:17] | “ln love.” That is always the excuse. | “爱情” 总是这个借口 |
[17:19] | Yes, you’re right. I’m bad. I’m a bad person. | 是 你说的对 我很坏 是个坏人 |
[17:23] | But the Thénardiers are good people. They have two daughters of their own. | 但是德纳第一家都是好人 他们自己就有两个女孩 |
[17:26] | My Cosette can play with them. She won’t be so lonely. | 珂赛特可以和她们一起玩 她不会觉得孤单 |
[17:29] | She’s better off with them. Only l have to make money to pay for her medicine. | 她和他们在一起再好不过了 只要我寄钱给她买药就行了 |
[17:34] | Please. Just a month. I’ll work hard. | 求求你 只要一个月 我会努力工作的 |
[17:37] | Monsieur cares about his workers. | 马德兰先生关心他的工人 |
[17:39] | He cannot have women of questionable morals influencing the girIs. | 他不想有道德问题的女人影响到他的女工 |
[17:43] | l’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[17:49] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[17:51] | Five sous for the chair. Nice doing business with you. | 这把椅子要5苏 很高兴和你做生意 |
[17:55] | – Are you skipping out? – l sold it for extra money. | -你准备搬出去吗 -我卖掉它凑钱 |
[17:58] | – You owe me a month’s rent. – Not till next week. | -你欠我一个月的租金 -下星期再付 |
[18:01] | Pay now, or you’re out. | 现在付 否则就搬出去 |
[18:03] | I’ve got people who want the room. Thirty francs. | 我找到人租这个房间了 30法郎 |
[18:05] | You got 50 in your hand. | 你手里拿着50法郎呢 |
[18:06] | I’ll give you 15. The rest next week. | 我先给你15 剩下的下星期再付 |
[18:09] | How? They fired you. | 怎么付 他们已经开除你了 |
[18:10] | Who told you l was fired? | 谁告诉你我被开除了 |
[18:13] | – This is stilI a small town. – l have a job. | -这是个小地方 -我有份新工作 |
[18:17] | – Don’t lie. – l start next week. | -别撒谎 -下星期开始上班 |
[18:19] | Everybody knows your story. You’ve got a bastard kid. | 大家都知道你的事了 你有一个私生子 |
[18:22] | Nobody’s gonna give you work. | 没人会给你工作的 |
[18:27] | Please take haIf. I’ll get you the rest. | 求你先拿一半吧 剩下的我会给你的 |
[18:32] | Don’t look so worried. | 别那么担心 |
[18:34] | Things aren’t that bad. | 事情没那么坏 |
[18:37] | You’ve stilI got a bed. | 起码你还有张床 |
[18:59] | Yes. Good hair quallty. Ten francs. | 不错 发质不错给你10法郎 |
[19:07] | Dear Reverend Mother… | 亲爱的院长嬷嬷 |
[19:10] | the bishop of Digne, may he rest in peace… | 第根的主教 祝愿他安息 |
[19:13] | often told me of your convent and its good works. | 经常和我讲起你的女修道院和你们所做的好事 |
[19:17] | ln his memory, l would like to give a– | 出于对他的怀念 我愿意给 |
[19:22] | Or “l should Iike”? | 或使用”希望” |
[19:24] | “Should” is preferable. | 用”希望”比较合适 |
[19:26] | And “endow” is less brutal than “give.” | 用”捐赠”比用”给”文雅些 |
[19:29] | – l should like to endow– – Monsieur, there’s been an accident! | -我希望捐赠 -先生 出事了 |
[19:33] | One of the workers, Lafitte! | 有一个工人 拉菲特 |
[19:36] | Breaking my– Get me out! | 把我弄出去 |
[19:40] | – I can’t breathe! – Stand back. Let me through. | -我喘不过气来 -靠后点 让我过去 |
[19:43] | Help us. We need leverage. Come on! Move! Quickly now! | 帮帮忙 我们需要个杆子 快 快点 |
[19:54] | Get me out! it’s breaking my ribs! | 快点把我弄出来 我的肋骨快断了 |
[19:58] | – Get ready. – Come on. Push! all together! | -准备 -来 推 一起推 |
[20:02] | Come on. | 快 |
[20:41] | – Marla, where’s Claudette tonight? – Good evening. | -马拉 克劳德特今晚去哪儿了 -晚上好 |
[20:44] | Oh, she’s– | 哦 她 |
[20:47] | There are more than ever. | 比以前多了 |
[20:49] | Oh. lnspector, you startled me. | 哦 督察 你吓了我一跳 |
[20:52] | Yes, I’ve counted four new girls. | 是的 多了四个 |
[20:54] | You see, Captain, when a town grows, crime grows with it. | 看到了吗 队长 城市发展了 罪案也会跟着增加 |
[20:59] | Shall l get the men? We’ll make arrests. | 要我叫人来吗 我们可以逮捕他们 |
[21:01] | – No. Did you check off the regulars? – Yes. | -不用 你是定期检查的吗 -是的 |
[21:05] | – And I’ve noted the new girls. – Good work. | -我还记录了每个新来的 -干得好 |
[21:11] | – ls it 10:00? l didn’t hear it ring. – l’m early. l was restless. | -10点了吗 我没听见钟响 -我来早了 睡不着 |
[21:16] | – You heard about Lafitte and the cart? – Heard nothing else. | -你有没有听到拉菲特被车压的事 -一清二楚 |
[21:19] | lncredible feat. Has the mayor always been that strong? | 难以想像市长平时总是这么大力的吗 |
[21:22] | Well, he’s a big man. But I didn’t know he was that strong. | 是啊 他很魁梧 但我没料到他这么强壮 |
[21:27] | – Didn’t he show it when he was young? – l didn’t know him when he was young. | -他年轻的时候没有表现出来过吗 -那是我还不认识他 |
[21:31] | Oh, that’s right. He moved here. Where’s he from? | 哦 知道了 他是从别的地方搬来的 他是哪儿人 |
[21:35] | He came here from Paris, but that’s not where he was born. l think he told– | 他从巴黎来 但那并不是他出生的地方 我记得他说 |
[21:39] | Didn’t you check his papers when he arrived? | 他来的时候你没检查过他的证件吗 |
[21:42] | l suppose l did. Don’t remember. | 应该检查过 不记得了 |
[21:45] | Perhaps you didn’t. | 也许你没有检查 |
[21:47] | Why should you? | 你怎么会呢 |
[21:53] | What about her? | 她是怎么回事 |
[21:57] | – Who are you? Push off ! – Yeah, clear off. | -你是谁 滚远点 -对 一边去 |
[22:00] | Please. | 求求你们 |
[22:02] | Hi, dearie. | 嘿 宝贝儿 |
[22:04] | Yes, yes. | 对 |
[22:06] | She’s new. | 她是新来的 |
[22:24] | Who is it? | 是谁 |
[22:32] | l’m buying your horse and cart. | 我买下了你的马和大车 |
[22:34] | The doctor says your kneecap’s broken. You won’t be able to do your old job. | 医生说你的膝盖骨碎了 你干不了以前的老工作了 |
[22:38] | I’ve taken the liberty of writing to the Sainte Marie Convent in Paris. | 我很冒昧的写了信给圣玛丽修道院 |
[22:42] | The sisters need a new caretaker and gardener. | 修女们需要一个新的门房和园丁 |
[22:50] | l’m sorry. l’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 非常抱歉 |
[22:52] | Sorry for what? | 为什么抱歉 |
[22:54] | Monsieur, l used to– | 我曾经 |
[22:59] | l was angry at you… | 曾经很气恼你 |
[23:01] | because when you came here, you were a worker like me… | 因为你刚来的时候 和我一样是个工人 |
[23:06] | and you grew rich while l had troubles. | 而你变得越来越富有 可我却是麻烦一大堆 |
[23:09] | We’ve all had troubles, Lafitte, | 我们都有自己的麻烦 拉菲特 |
[23:11] | and we all need help from time to time. | 而且我们时不时的都需要别人的帮助 |
[23:14] | Rest, and I’ll let you know when I’ve word from the convent. | 休息吧 修道院那边有消息的话我会通知你的 |
[23:25] | “Thank you… | 谢谢你 |
[23:28] | for our… | 给我们找了 |
[23:31] | new c–“ | 新的 |
[23:34] | C-A-R-E C-A-R-E– | |
[23:39] | – Caretaker. That’s it. Caretaker. – Excuse me. | -门房对了 是门房 -对不起 |
[23:42] | lnspector Javert is here to see you. | 沙威督察想见你 |
[23:44] | Tell him to wait. | 让他等一会儿 |
[23:55] | l have exciting news, Monsieur le Maire. Paris is interested in my plan. | 我有个好消息 马德兰阁下 巴黎方面对我的计划很感兴趣 |
[24:01] | – What plan is that? – it’s in the letter. | -什么计划 -写在这封信里了 |
[24:07] | Why don’t you telI me? You said it’s your plan. | 你为什么不告诉我 你说是你的计划 |
[24:10] | l forgot. l apologize. | 我忘记了 很抱歉 |
[24:11] | – Apologize for what? – l forgot, you don’t read. | -为什么抱歉 -我忘记了你不认字 |
[24:15] | Your clerk mentioned it. | 你的职员和我讲过 |
[24:17] | Neglected your education to make your fortune, l suppose. | 我猜您为了赚钱把教育都荒废了 |
[24:20] | What is Paris interested in? l’m all ears. | 巴黎对什么感兴趣 我洗耳恭听 |
[24:24] | Because of Vigau’s extraordinary growth during the past five years… | 因为维高在过去五年发展非常迅速 |
[24:27] | I’ve proposed that we make a detailed census. | 我建议搞一次详细的人口普查 |
[24:30] | Well, that would be interesting. But how is it a police matter? | 嗯 这确实不错 但这和警察有什么关系 |
[24:34] | Modern law enforcement demands modern methods, | 执行现行的新的法律 需要采用新的手段 |
[24:37] | and that means information. | 这意味着要大量的信息 |
[24:39] | For example: How many peopIe have moved here in the last decade? | 例如 在过去十年有多少人搬到了这个地方 |
[24:43] | Where did they come from? What’s their background? | 他们从哪儿来 是什么背景 |
[24:47] | ls our criminal population homegrown, or are they outsiders? | 我们的犯罪人口都是本地的 还是外来的 |
[24:51] | Without information we cannot know how to control the dangerous elements. | 没有信息 我们就不知道如何去控制危机的发生 |
[24:59] | – You might be making a mistake. – What mistake is that? | -你也许在犯错误 -什么错误 |
[25:03] | Sometimes peopIe move to a new town | 有时 人们搬到一个新地方 |
[25:05] | to start with a clean slate. | 就是为了想以一个全新的面貌生活 |
[25:07] | You might be doing more harm than good by prying into their private lives. | 你这样侵入他们的隐私 可能会造成很大的伤害 |
[25:11] | An honest man has nothing to fear from the truth. | 诚实的人不需要畏惧真相 |
[25:14] | For exampIe, Paris knows… | 假如 巴黎方面知道 |
[25:16] | that my father was a thief… | 我父亲曾是个小偷 |
[25:18] | and my mother, a prostitute. | 我母亲是个妓女 |
[25:21] | If my mother or father were to move here to Vigau… | 如果我的父母亲搬到维高这来 |
[25:24] | I would want everyone to know who and what they are. | 我想让所有人都知道他们曾经是什么人 |
[25:27] | Even if they had reformed themselves? | 即使他们已经改过自新 |
[25:29] | Reform is a discredited fantasy. | 改过自新只不过是一种推诿的谎言 |
[25:32] | Modern science telIs us that people are by nature Iawbreakers or law abiders. | 现代科学告诉我们 人的善恶本性是不会变的 |
[25:35] | A wolf can wear sheep’s clothing… | 狼可以披上羊皮 |
[25:38] | but he’s still a wolf. | 但它还是头狼 |
[25:45] | l was just thinking, lnspector, that you have been unlucky. | 我才在想 督察 你的运气可不怎么好 |
[25:49] | Unlucky? I don’t understand. | 运气不好 我不明白 |
[25:51] | Unfortunately, you’ve been assigned to a dull post. | 很不幸 你被派到这个无聊的地方工作 |
[25:54] | You’d be happier in Paris… | 你在巴黎也许会开心的多 |
[25:56] | where everyone, either by nature or experience, is dishonest. | 在那儿的人 不管先天还是后天的 都不是很诚实 |
[25:59] | lndeed. But I’ll see if l prefer Paris. | 确实如此 这也是我在巴黎所见到的 |
[26:02] | They’ve asked me to report to the deputy prefect to further explain my idea. | 他们要求我向上级长官进一步解释我的想法 |
[26:07] | I’ll be gone for four days. | 我会离开四天 |
[26:10] | We’ll miss you. Good luck. | 我们会想念你的 一路顺风 |
[26:12] | Thank you. And good-bye. | 谢谢 再见 |
[26:17] | lnspector, one moment. | 督察 请等一下 |
[26:23] | Please. | 跟我来 |
[26:28] | A f arewell gift. | 一份告别的礼物 |
[26:30] | You’re offering me a gift? | 你要送给我礼物 |
[26:32] | Yes, lnspector. My papers. | 是的 督察 我的证件 |
[26:38] | Baptism certificate. | 洗礼证明 |
[26:40] | Passport. | 护照 |
[26:42] | Working papers from the Marseilles docks. | 马赛码头开的工作证明 |
[26:45] | l want to get your census off on the right foot. | 我想做你的第一个调查对象 |
[26:49] | Pleasant journey, lnspector. | 旅途愉快 督察 |
[27:04] | Move on. Have your papers ready. lt is Paris. We don’t waste time here. | 快点 准备好证件 这是巴黎 不要浪费时间 |
[27:08] | – lnspector Javert. Let me through. – Papers. Move on. | -沙威督察 让我过去 -证件 下一个 |
[27:22] | Inspector Javerf, fhe prefecf was impressed by your proposal. | 沙威督察 上面对你的计划很感兴趣 |
[27:27] | I expect him to approve a budget for your census within the month. | 我期望在这个月内通过人口普查的预算 |
[27:32] | Thank you, sir. That’s excellent news. | 谢谢你 长官这真是个好消息 |
[27:34] | You are known in Paris now. | 你现在在巴黎可出名了 |
[27:37] | Your future is bright. | 前途光明 |
[27:39] | So l suggest you drop… | 所以我建议你放弃 |
[27:42] | this request for an investigation of the mayor. | 要求调查市长的请求 |
[27:46] | Sir, l was a guard for a year in the quarries of Toulon. | 长官 我在土伦的采石场当了一年的警卫 |
[27:50] | l saw Jean Valjean perform the same feat of strength the mayor did with the cart. | 我亲眼见到冉阿让展示了惊人的力气 就像市长扛车一样 |
[27:55] | The hard labor makes them incredibly strong. | 粗重的体力工作使他们变得异常强壮 |
[27:58] | Once l made the connection… | 一旦我把这些联系起来 |
[28:00] | once I was no longer dazzled by his wealth, I’ve grown more certain daily. | 一旦我不被他的财富所迷惑 我就越肯定 |
[28:06] | Now l recognize his f ace and voice, l’m amazed l didn’t know him right away. | 现在我记起了他的面貌和声音 我当时竟然没立马把他认出来 |
[28:11] | – Well, Javert, I don’t doubt that– – Sir. | -好了 沙威 我并不怀疑 -长官 |
[28:14] | l’m prepared to denounce him. | 我准备公开指证他 |
[28:17] | Denounce him? Without proof? | 指证他 没有任何证据的情况下 |
[28:23] | lf l force a trial, the evidence will be found. | 如果我诉诸于法庭 证据自然就会出来 |
[28:28] | lf he showed you papers, and they were in order– | 如果他出示了证件 而且一切无误的话 |
[28:30] | l checked the baptism certificate. it’s a copy. | 我检查了洗礼证明 是个复制品 |
[28:34] | Eleven years ago there was a fire at the parish. | 11年前教区发生了一场大火 |
[28:38] | The original records were destroyed. all his documents are based on that copy. | 原件都烧光了 他所有的文件都建立在那个复制品的基础上 |
[28:42] | Your identification alone is not enough to subject the mayor of Vigau… | 你个人的鉴定不能作为维高市长的 |
[28:45] | to a triaI. | 立案依据 |
[28:47] | File a report, and I’ll recommend we investigate. | 写一份报告 我们会研究的 |
[28:51] | Sir, Jean Valjean is a thief. | 长官 冉阿让是个小偷 |
[28:54] | lt makes a mockery of our institutions to have a corrupt and depraved man… | 让一个邪恶的人掌管政府和工业 |
[28:57] | in charge of our industry and government. | 是对制度的公然嘲笑 |
[28:59] | l said file a report. | 我说过了 写一份报告 |
[29:02] | I’ll investigate on this end, discreetly. | 我会谨慎的调查到底的 |
[29:06] | Do not denounce him without proof. | 在没有证据的情况下不要公然指责他 |
[29:10] | Be patient. | 耐心点 |
[29:12] | He’s not going anywhere, is he? | 他那也去不了 对吧 |
[29:32] | “Madame… | 夫人 |
[29:34] | the ten francs a month we agreed on is no longer enough. | 我们以前讲的10法郎一个月已经远远不够了 |
[29:37] | Cosette grows bigger by the minute. | 珂赛特每分钟都在长大 |
[29:40] | She enjoyed her sixth birthday party and the new doIl we bought her. | 她很喜欢六岁生日是我们买给她的新娃娃 |
[29:44] | We love her, so we won’t charge for her present. | 我们很爱她 所以礼物是免费的 |
[29:47] | But she needs a new coat and shoes. We can’t afford to pay for them. | 但是她需要一个新的外套和鞋 这些我们可付不起 |
[29:51] | And she eats more than both our daughters put together. | 而且她比我们两个女儿加在一起的饭量还大 |
[29:54] | Beginning right away you must send 20 francs a month… | 从现在开始 你每个月必须寄20法郎 |
[29:57] | or you’ll have to fetch her. | 否则就带她走吧 |
[29:59] | Sincerely, Thénardier.” | 真诚的 德纳第 |
[30:10] | – So what’s your answer? – I can’t move. | -那你的答覆是什么 -我动不了 |
[30:13] | I don’t have money to pay in advance for a room. | 我没有钱预付房租 |
[30:17] | Am l a charity? You haven’t paid me in four months. | 我是慈善家吗 你已经四个月没付钱了 |
[30:20] | – l paid you. – l have bills. I can’t spread my Iegs. | -我付过 -我有账单要付 但我不能卖身 |
[30:24] | Besides, it’s not good business to rent to a whore. What about your necklace? | 再说了 租给妓女可不是什么好主意 你的项链怎么样 |
[30:29] | – That’s worth something. – No, not this. it’s for my daughter. | -那还值点儿钱 -不 不行 这是留给我女儿的 |
[30:33] | You better come up with something. l want ten francs, or you’re out! | 你最好拿出点什么来 我要10法郎 否则就滚蛋 |
[30:46] | This time l want cash. | 这次我要现金 |
[30:53] | Good evening, monsieur. | 晚上好 先生 |
[30:56] | My God, you’re hideous. | 上帝 你真丑 |
[30:59] | – Well, how much? – A franc. | -多少钱 -1法郎 |
[31:01] | – You’re joking. – Fifty sous. | -你开玩笑 -50苏 |
[31:06] | – To screw a corpse? – Come here. | -奸尸呀 -过来 |
[31:09] | She hasn’t got a drop of blood in her veins! | 她脸上一点血色都没有 |
[31:11] | Mademoiselle. Mademoiselle, how about a sous? | 小姐 小姐 1苏怎么样 |
[31:16] | I have a sous. l have a sous to spend on you. | 我有1苏 我在你身上可以花1苏 |
[31:22] | Let’s give your tits a bit of color. | 让我们给你的乳房上点颜色 |
[31:26] | Now… | 现在 |
[31:27] | how about something… | 来点东西喝喝 |
[31:30] | to drink! | 怎么样 |
[31:33] | Something to drink! | 喝点儿 |
[31:40] | Now down you go, tart. | 现在你趴下了 婊子 |
[31:43] | Oh, she’s mad! | 哦 她疯了 |
[31:45] | She’s attacking him! | 她打了他 |
[31:49] | Sir, this is a disturbance. | 长官 这是骚乱 |
[31:51] | May l? | 我 |
[31:52] | I’ll take care of this. | 我会处理的 |
[31:59] | That’s enough! | 够了 |
[32:01] | it’s not my fault! They started– | 不是我的错 他们先开始的 |
[32:06] | Go home! | 回家去 |
[32:08] | – Be quick about it! – Let’s go. | -动作快点 -我们走 |
[32:40] | Captain. | 队长 |
[32:41] | You asked me to tell you if he went too far. | 你说过让我通知你 如果他做的太过分 |
[32:44] | Well, I’ve kept my mouth shut long enough. | 那好吧 我的嘴已闭的够久的了 |
[32:50] | Have her taken to the prison. You’ll get six months. | 把她带到监狱 坐六个月牢 |
[32:53] | Six months? What about Cosette? What’ll happen to her? | 六个月 珂赛特怎么办 她会怎么样呢 |
[32:58] | – Who is Cosette? – My daughter. | -珂赛特是谁 -我的女儿 |
[33:00] | lf I don’t send the Thénardiers money, they’ll turn her out. | 如果我不给德纳第寄钱 他们会把她赶出去的 |
[33:03] | – ls your daughter here in Vigau? – No, sir. She lives with– | -你的女儿在维高吗 -不是 长官 她和 |
[33:06] | Then she’s not my concern. | 那我就不管了 |
[33:10] | lnspector! lnspector, please listen to my side. | 督察 督察 请听我说 |
[33:14] | l know l hit the gentleman. l know l was wrong. | 我知道我打了那个先生 我知道我错了 |
[33:18] | But do they have the right to put snow down my dress… | 但是他们有权力把雪塞到我衣服里吗 |
[33:21] | especially when it’s the only one l have, and l need it for work? | 更何况这是我唯一的一件 我要用它来工作 |
[33:25] | l’m sorry. I don’t mean to argue. | 对不起 我不是故意要争辩 |
[33:30] | lt won’t happen again. | 以后再也不敢了 |
[33:32] | lnspector, please. | 督察 求求你 |
[33:35] | – Please be merciful. – All right. | -求你发发慈悲 -好了 |
[33:38] | I’ve listened to your side. You’re still getting six months. | 我已听你说完了 你仍要坐六个月牢 |
[33:41] | – The eternal fire can’t change that. – One moment. | -说什么也没有用 -等一下 |
[33:47] | it’s you. You did this to me! You fired me. | 是你 都是你干的好事 是你开除的我 |
[33:52] | Slut! Come here! | 母狗 过来 |
[33:54] | – Let her go. – What? | -放了她 -什么 |
[33:59] | Let me explain. l was crossing the square when you arrested her. | 听我说 你抓她的时候我正好路过 |
[34:04] | l asked people, and they said it was the fauIt of the men who’d attacked her. | 我问了周围的人 他们说是那个男的责任 |
[34:08] | ln f act, they should be under arrest. | 事实上 他们才应该被抓起来 |
[34:11] | Now that you’ve heard this new evidence, l want you to release her. | 现在你已听到了新的证据 我想让你放了她 |
[34:14] | He said I can go. He is the mayor, isn’t he? | 他说我可以走了 他是市长对不对 |
[34:20] | I’ll be going. | 我要走了 |
[34:21] | – l won’t be any bother to anyone. – Sergeant, who said she could go? | -我不会麻烦任何人 -警官 谁说她可以走了 |
[34:25] | – l did. – No, you don’t. | -我说的 -不 你说得不算 |
[34:27] | l’m the final judicial authority in Vigau. She’s innocent. | 在维高 我有终审权她是无辜的 |
[34:32] | – She spat on you. – She was upset. l forgive her. | -她向你吐痰 -她心烦意乱 我原谅她了 |
[34:35] | She insuIted you. ln front of my men, she defiled you. | 她侮辱了你 在我的人面前 玷污了您 |
[34:38] | – That’s my concern, lnspector. – No, sir. You are wrong. | -那时我的事 督察 -不对 先生 你错了 |
[34:41] | You are the personification of order… | 你是权力 道德 政府的 象征 |
[34:43] | morallty, government– in fact, the whole of society. | 事实上 是整个社会的象征 |
[34:46] | You don’t have the right to forgive her for debasing all of us. | 你原谅她事实上是贬低了我们所有人 |
[34:49] | You don’t have the authority to destroy justice. | 你没有权力干扰法律 |
[34:51] | l do. | 我有 |
[34:53] | Under Articles 9 and 11 of the criminal code, I can order her release. | 根据刑法的第九和第十一条 我有权释放她 |
[34:56] | Sergeant, she is free to go. | 警官 她可以走了 |
[34:58] | I cannot allow that, monsieur. l was there. She attacked a man. | 我不允许这样 先生 我当时在现场 她袭击了一个人 |
[35:02] | – The decision is mine. She is free. – Not while l am in charge of this post! | -我做了决定 她自由了 -只要是我在这儿就不行 |
[35:07] | Under Article 66, you are relieved of command until tomorrow morning. | 根据第六十六条 你要到明天早上才可以行使权力 |
[35:11] | You are dismissed, lnspector! Leave! | 走吧 督察请离开 |
[35:15] | Now! | 马上 |
[35:29] | You’re free to go. | 你可以走了 |
[35:35] | Water. | 水 |
[35:50] | I doubt she’ll survive. | 她可能活不了 |
[35:52] | She talks continually about Cosette. Who’s that? | 她不停的叫着珂赛特 是谁呀 |
[35:55] | – Her daughter. – She needs will to fight the infection. | -她女儿 -她完全是靠意志强撑着 |
[35:59] | Perhaps if the girl were with her– | 也许那个女孩来 |
[36:01] | I understand. Thank you, Doctor. | 我明白 谢谢你 医生 |
[36:03] | You’ll need nurses. I can’t arrange for them till morning. | 你需要个护理人员 明天早上我可以安排一个 |
[36:07] | What about tonight? | 但今晚怎么办 |
[36:10] | I’ll take care of her tonight. | 今晚我会来照顾她 |
[36:13] | Keep her body warm and her head cool. Good night. | 保持她的身体温暖 头的温度不要过热 晚安 |
[36:51] | Why did the gossip bother you? | 为什么听信别人的闲言碎语 |
[36:54] | – You didn’t have to fire me. – Your cIothes are damp. | -你没必要非得开除我 -你的衣服湿了 |
[36:59] | – l have to get you some dry– – it’s all right. | -我要给你找些干的 -没事的 |
[37:03] | There’ll be no charge. You deserve it. | 这次我不收钱 你应得的 |
[37:14] | But I don’t understand why you’re being so kind. | 但我不明白你为什么会变得这么好 |
[37:18] | l was preoccupied. l didn’t know. | 当时我被误导了 我并不了解事实 |
[37:25] | lf you’d come straight to me, none of this– | 如果你直接来找我 这些就都不会 |
[37:31] | You need to rest. | 你需要休息 |
[37:35] | – You don’t want a kiss? – l want you to rest. | -你不想亲一下吗 -我想让你休息 |
[37:41] | And don’t worry. I’ll bring your daughter to you. | 还有 别担心 我会把女儿给你带回来的 |
[37:44] | – You’re going to the Thénardiers? – No. I can’t. | -你会去找德纳第吗 -不 我没时间 |
[37:49] | I’ll send the money to bring Cosette here. | 我会寄些钱 让人把她带回来 |
[37:53] | – She can’t live with me. – Of course she can. | -她不能和我一起过 -她当然能 |
[37:56] | She will. | 她会的 |
[37:58] | She’ll attend the school, and you won’t have any more worries. | 她会去上学 而你就不用再操心了 |
[38:05] | When you’re better I’ll find work for you. | 你好一点后 我会给你找个工作 |
[38:07] | But you don’t understand. | 但你不明白 |
[38:10] | l’m a whore, and Cosette has no father. | 我是个妓女 而珂赛特也没有父亲 |
[38:14] | She has the Lord. | 她有上帝 |
[38:16] | He is her Father. | 上帝是她的父亲 |
[38:19] | And you are His creation. | 你也是上帝的子民 |
[38:25] | ln His eyes you have never been anything but an innocent… | 在上帝的眼里你永远是纯真无邪的 |
[38:30] | and beautiful woman. | 美丽的女人 |
[38:52] | – You look better every day. – Liar. | -你看上去在一天天的好转 -骗人 |
[38:56] | – Please. – Thank you. | -请坐 -谢谢 |
[39:04] | Fantine, look. | 芳汀 瞧 |
[39:06] | ls that Thénardier’s handwriting? | 那是德纳第的笔迹吗 |
[39:08] | – Yes. – ls something wrong? | -是的 -出什么事了 |
[39:11] | – Read it. – I don’t know how. | -看一下吧 -我不认字 |
[39:17] | – Would you read it to me? – Well, l’m– l’m learning, myself. | -你能替我读一下吗 -这 我 我自己也正在学 |
[39:21] | We’re a fine pair. | 我们真是天生一对 |
[39:26] | My clerk tells me this man can’t bring Cosette | 我的职员告诉我 这个人不愿放珂赛特走 |
[39:29] | because you owe him money. | 因为你还欠他的钱 |
[39:30] | – I don’t. l paid him. – I’ve sent him money as well. | -没有 我付过钱的 -而且我也寄钱给他们了 |
[39:34] | it’s an obvious lie. He could’ve brought Cosette and been paid in person. | 这明显是在撒谎他可以把珂赛特带来当面拿钱 |
[39:36] | Then l’Il go get her. | 那我去找他 |
[39:38] | No, wait. Stay where you are. it’s all right. | 不 等等 呆在这儿 没事的 |
[39:42] | There’s no need. He thinks you’ve come into money. | 没有必要 他以为你挣了大钱 |
[39:45] | He’s become a little greedy, that’s all. | 就变得有点贪婪 仅此而已 |
[39:48] | I’ve sent him what he’s asked for, and extra, to bring Cosette. | 我会把他要求的寄给他 额外再付一些 把珂赛特要回来 |
[39:51] | She should be here in a few days. | 她过几天就会来的 |
[39:56] | How wonderful to see her. | 看到她将是多么兴奋呀 |
[39:58] | – You must eat. – Have your lunch. | -你必须吃东西 亲爱的 -来吃午餐 |
[40:00] | What about you? Don’t you eat? | 那你呢 你不吃吗 |
[41:03] | ‘Our litfle lark, our darling Cosetfe… | 我们的小云雀 可爱的珂赛特 |
[41:06] | is eager to be with her mother, but she has a cough. | 渴望和她妈妈在一起 但她现在有点咳嗽 |
[41:09] | ‘Like my mummy’s,’ the sweet angel said. | 这个小天使说 “就像我妈妈一样” |
[41:13] | The physician advises she’s not well enough to travel now. | 医生说她现在不适合旅行 |
[41:18] | I’ll bring her when she’s stronger. | 等她身体好一点后我会带她来的 |
[41:20] | Meanwhile, the medicine is expensive… | 另外 药的价钱也很贵 |
[41:23] | and the doctor’s bills are criminal. | 医生也漫天要价 |
[41:26] | Fantine owes us another 50 francs.” | 芳汀又欠我们50法郎了 |
[41:28] | – All right. I’ve heard enough. – Do you want to dictate a reply? | -好了 我听够了 -你不想口述个回复吗 |
[41:31] | No. | 不 |
[41:33] | lnstead, write this note for Fantine to sign: | 相反 写一个字据让芳汀来签名 |
[41:36] | “M. Thénardier… | 德纳第先生 |
[41:39] | you will hand Cosette over to the bearer. | 你要把珂赛特交给送信人 |
[41:44] | Regards.” | 此致 |
[41:47] | I’ll be leaving right away. | 我马上就去 |
[41:51] | – Javert. – I need to see you immediateIy. | -沙威 -我想马上和你谈一下 |
[41:56] | – Alone. – Thank you, Pierre. | -单独谈 -谢谢你 皮埃尔 |
[42:08] | l’m in a hurry, lnspector. | 我还有急事 督察 |
[42:14] | A serious– A grave violation of the public trust has been committed. | 一起严重的 发生了一起极其严重的对公众信用的侵害 |
[42:19] | An inferior has shown a complete lack of respect for the law. | 一个下属丝毫不尊重法律的严肃性 |
[42:22] | – He must be exposed and punished. – Who is the offender? | -他必须被揭露和惩罚 -是谁 |
[42:26] | I am. | 我 |
[42:30] | l slandered you, monsieur. l’m here to ask that you demand my dismissal. | 我诽谤了您 阁下 我来这儿是希望您接受我的辞职 |
[42:36] | lnspector, what are you talking about? | 督察 你到底在说什么 |
[42:39] | Resignation is honorable, and I don’t deserve it. | 辞职也是一种荣誉 而我不配 |
[42:43] | I must be punished. | 我必须受到惩罚 |
[42:45] | You treated me unjustly over the– about the woman. | 关于那个 女人 你对我并不公正 |
[42:50] | This time you must treat me justly. You must dismiss me. | 这次你一定要公正的对待我 你一定要解雇我 |
[42:53] | For what? | 为什么 |
[42:57] | l denounced you to the Paris prefect of police. | 我在巴黎的警务总署指控您 |
[43:01] | – l swore that you were a convict. – You said l was what? | -我对他们说您曾是个罪犯 -你说我是什么 |
[43:05] | A convict. | 罪犯 |
[43:08] | l had no proof. | 我没有任何证据 仅有一些 |
[43:11] | Only a memory of this man, Jean Valjean, | 对这个人 冉阿让 |
[43:13] | whom l guarded 20 years ago in prison. | 一个20年前我在监狱看守过的人 的零星回忆 |
[43:18] | l denounced you without a shred of evidence. | 我在没有一点证据的情况下告发您 |
[43:21] | – You denounced me? – Yes. | -你告发我 -是的 |
[43:23] | l was a fool. They told me l was wrong. | 我是个笨蛋 他们告诉我错了 |
[43:26] | They said you couldn’t be Jean Valjean, and they were right. | 他们说你不可能是冉阿让 他们说得对 |
[43:30] | I’ve just returned from Arras, where l saw the real Jean VaIjean. | 我刚从阿拉斯回来 在那儿我看见了真正的冉阿让 |
[43:34] | – The real Valjean? – Yes. | -真的阿让 -是的 |
[43:36] | Two weeks ago, a man called Carnot was arrested for poaching apples. | 两个星期前 一个叫卡诺特的人因偷苹果而被捕 |
[43:42] | At the prison, a convict took one look at him and said, “l know this man. | 在监狱里 一个犯人只看了他一眼就说 我认识这个家伙 |
[43:47] | We were in prison in Toulon 20 years ago. | 20年前我们一起呆在土伦的监狱里 |
[43:50] | He’s Jean Valjean.” l didn’t believe it. | 他是冉阿让 我不相信这些 |
[43:54] | l went there to see for myself. Well, there’s no question. | 就自己去看了一下 没错 毫无疑问 |
[43:59] | Carnot is Valjean. | 卡诺特就是冉阿让 |
[44:03] | l apologize, monsieur. | 我要道歉 阁下 |
[44:06] | l Iook at you now, and it’s obvious you’re not a convict. | 我现在看您 很明显您不像个罪犯 |
[44:11] | You don’t think I’m a convict? | 你不认为我是个罪犯 |
[44:14] | Of course I don’t. I’ve seen Valjean with my own eyes. | 当然不 我亲眼见到了冉阿让 |
[44:18] | l must’ve been out of my mind to think a great man like you could be a criminaI. | 我一定是昏了头 竟把您这么个高尚的人当作罪犯 |
[44:21] | – This man– He admits to being Valjean? – Of course not. | -这个人 他承认自己是冉阿让吗 -当然不 |
[44:26] | He pretends to be a half-wit who can’t understand the charges. | 他装扮成一个听不明白指控的白痴 |
[44:29] | Valjean has broken parole. | 冉阿让没有遵守假释条例 |
[44:32] | That calls for life imprisonment. | 这将会判终身监禁 |
[44:36] | – When is the trial? – Tomorrow. | -什么时候开庭 -明天 |
[44:40] | – How long will it take? – No more than an afternoon. | -会开多久 -不会超过明天下午 |
[44:43] | – Tomorrow. – The evidence is overwheIming. | 证据确凿无疑 |
[44:46] | l returned so you could dismiss me and press charges for slander. | 我回来是请求您解雇我 并控告我诽谤 |
[44:52] | l must consider. | 我要考虑一下 |
[44:57] | l was just on my way home. Walk with me. | 我正要回家 和我一起走 |
[45:00] | You are a stern man. | 你是个苛刻的人 |
[45:03] | But you’re honorabIe. I want you to remain prefect. | 但你很尽职 我希望你继续工作 |
[45:06] | – Monsieur le Maire, that’s impossible. – You’ve exaggerated your offense. | -马德兰先生 这不可能 -你夸大了你的行为 |
[45:09] | I’ve not exaggerated, monsieur. | 我没有夸大 先生 |
[45:12] | l resented you. l chafed at your authority. | 我仇恨您 我嫉妒您的权利 |
[45:15] | And out of revenge l slandered you. | 为了报复 我诽谤了您 |
[45:18] | lf a subordinate of mine had done that l would have broken him. | 如果我的下属对我这样做 我会收拾他的 |
[45:23] | You must punish me, monsieur, or my life will have been meaningless. | 你必须要惩罚我 否则我的生命将毫无意义 |
[45:27] | Blame me. | 要怪就怪我吧 |
[45:30] | – You, Monsieur le Maire? – l order you to forgive yourself. | -您 马德兰先生 -我命令你原谅自己 |
[45:34] | Blame me for that mercy. | 把宽恕都怪在我头上吧 |
[45:36] | You will remain prefect. Those are my orders. | 你会保持原职的 这是我的命令 |
[46:05] | Will you go get her today? | 你今天会去接她吗 |
[46:08] | Yes. Tonight. | 是的 今晚 |
[46:15] | ls something wrong? | 出什么事了么 |
[46:24] | l’m going to do my best. | 我会尽我所能 |
[46:27] | l’m going to get better for my girl. | 我会为了女儿尽快好起来 |
[46:30] | But if He chooses to take me, will you look after Cosette? | 如果上帝决定带走我 你会照顾珂赛特吗 |
[46:34] | I have no right– | 我知道我没有权力 |
[46:36] | You and Cosette will aIways be safe with me. | 你和珂赛特 会永远安全的和我在一起 |
[46:42] | l swear it. | 我发誓 |
[47:24] | – Is this the courthouse? – Yes, sir. | -这是法庭吗 -是的 先生 |
[47:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[47:29] | – May I go in? – I can’t let you in. it’s full. | -我可以进去吗 -我不能放你进去 全坐满了 |
[47:33] | it’s full? There are no seats? | 满了 没有位置了 |
[47:35] | Jammed. | 塞满了人 |
[47:37] | – We got two great cases. – So I can’t get in? | -有两件大案子 -那我进不去了 |
[47:41] | Not a chance. | 不可能 |
[47:48] | Unless– UnIess monsieur is a public official. | 除非 除非您是个政府官员 |
[47:53] | There’s a seat reserved for them right beside the judge. | 在法官的旁边给他们留了位置 |
[47:57] | Best seats in the house. | 最好的座位 |
[48:01] | l’m the mayor of Vigau. | 我是维高的市长 |
[48:04] | Gentlemen, will you be so kind as to remain seated… | 先生们 请你们坐下 |
[48:07] | while m’lords, the judges, reexamine the prisoner’s records. | 当议员 法官大人覆核罪犯的档案的时候 |
[48:12] | Prisoner to remain standing at the bar. | 被告席上的罪犯要站着 |
[48:23] | – Monsieur le President. – lt is an honor. | -议长先生 -很荣幸 市长先生 |
[48:26] | – Welcome. – Thank you. | -欢迎 -谢谢 |
[48:29] | Continue the examination. | 继续审理 |
[48:32] | You pretend to be simple. | 你假装很蠢笨 |
[48:34] | So l give you a simple question to answer. | 所以我问你一个简单的问题 |
[48:37] | Are you or are you not the convict Jean Valjean? | 你到底是不是人犯冉阿让 |
[48:42] | ln the first place– | 首先 |
[48:45] | – What was the first place? – Answer the question. | -什么是首先 -回答问题 |
[48:48] | You’re wicked! That’s what l was going to say. | 你是个坏人 这就是我要说的 |
[48:51] | Only l forgot your name. | 只是我忘了你的名字 |
[48:57] | l’m a man who– | 我是个 |
[49:00] | Oh, what’s the word for it? | 哦 应该用什么词儿呢 |
[49:03] | l’m one of those who doesn’t eat every day. | 我不是个每天都能吃上饭的人 |
[49:06] | l’m– l’m hungry. | 我 我很饿 |
[49:09] | That’s the word. | 就是这个词儿 |
[49:11] | You’ve already been found guiIty of poaching. | 你已经因偷东西而定罪 |
[49:15] | Answer the prosecutor’s question. | 回答检察官的问题 |
[49:18] | Did he ask a question? | 他提问了吗 |
[49:20] | Are you or are you not Jean Valjean? | 你是不是冉阿让 |
[49:24] | You say l was born in Faverolles. | 你说我出生在法夫罗基斯 |
[49:28] | That’s very clever, telIing me where l come from. | 这样很好 告诉我是从哪里来的 |
[49:31] | That’s more than l know. My– My parents were tramps. | 比我知道得都多 我 我的父母亲是流浪汉 |
[49:38] | ln view of the shrewdly contrived denials… | 迹象显示他通过聪明的伪装 |
[49:40] | of the accused, who is trying to pass himself off as an idiot… | 来否认指控 他想通过装傻来蒙混过关 |
[49:44] | l call the witness Brevet to the stand. | 我要求传唤证人博韦特 |
[49:47] | So ordered. | 好的 |
[49:54] | Brevet, l remind you… | 博韦特 我提醒你 |
[49:57] | that what you say may destroy a man’s life. | 你所说的将影响他人的一生 |
[50:00] | You must be absolutely certain of your testimony. | 你要对你的证词绝对的肯定 |
[50:03] | My memory is good. The best thing l have. | 我的记忆很好 这是我的长处 |
[50:08] | The accused will rise. | 被告起立 |
[50:10] | – Do you recognize this man? – Yeah. | -你认识这个人吗 -是的 |
[50:13] | l was the first to recognize him, so l ought to get credit. | 我是第一个认出他的人 因此我应该得到奖励 |
[50:16] | Never mind who was first. Who is he? | 别管谁是第一个 他是谁 |
[50:19] | That’s Jean VaIjean. We served 19 years together in prison. | 冉阿让我们在监狱里共度了19年 |
[50:24] | He looks older, of course. Looks stupider too. | 他看上去变老了 当然 也变蠢了 |
[50:29] | That’s probably age. | 可能是因为年纪的原因 |
[50:31] | – l call the convict Lombard to stand. – You may step down. | -我要求犯人伦巴第上前 -你可以下去了 |
[50:35] | The accused should remain standing. | 被告要保持站立 |
[50:42] | l repeat my warning. A man’s life can be destroyed by your answer. | 我重复 你的证词将影响他人的一生 |
[50:47] | Do you recognize the accused? | 你认识被告吗 |
[50:49] | I can’t help but recognize him. | 我没办法不认识他 |
[50:52] | We did five years on one chain. | 我们在一条铁链上拴了五年 |
[50:56] | What’s the matter with you, eh? No “Hello”? | 你有什么毛病 连个招呼都不打 |
[51:00] | Eh? Did you miss me, eh? | 想我了没 |
[51:03] | Hello. | 你好 |
[51:07] | l call Bertin to the stand. | 我要求证人勃坦上前 |
[51:13] | l warn you as well. Your answer can ruin a man. | 我同样警告你 你的证言会影响他的一生 |
[51:17] | Do you recognize the accused? | 你认识被告吗 |
[51:21] | Yeah. He’s Jean Valjean. | 是的 他是冉阿让 |
[51:49] | May l address the court? | 我可以在庭上发言吗 |
[51:53] | Yes, sir. Yes, certainly, Monsieur le Maire. | 当然可以 马德兰先生 |
[52:02] | Look at me. Do you recognize me? | 看看我 你们认识我吗 |
[52:06] | l recognize you. You were an informer in Toulon, | 我认识你 你在土伦就是个告密的家伙 |
[52:10] | and l see you’re still a snitch. | 看样子现在一点没变 |
[52:14] | Hello, Brevet. And you, Lombard. | 你好 博韦特 还有你 伦巴第 |
[52:17] | Don’t look at my f ancy clothes, at my scraped chin. Look at my eyes. | 别看我的衣服 看我被刮伤的下巴 看我的眼睛 |
[52:22] | You called yourseIf “Godless”, right? | 你称自己是”无神论者”对吗 |
[52:26] | You’ve got a scar on your left shoulder. | 你左肩有一道伤疤 |
[52:28] | l gave it to you the night you tried to kill me, remember? | 是你那晚想杀我时我回赠的 还记得吗 |
[52:31] | – When l pinned you over the stove. – It is you. | -当我把你按在炉子上的时候 -是你 |
[52:33] | Show the court your scar. | 把你的疤给大家看看 |
[52:43] | Bertin, in the hollow of your left arm, there’s a date tattooed, 1789. | 勃坦 在你左臂内侧有个日期的纹身 1789 |
[52:48] | The year of the Revolution. Show them. | 大革命的年代 给他们看看 |
[53:00] | l know these men, Monsieur le President, and they know me. | 我认识这些人 法官大人 他们也认识我 |
[53:05] | l am the man you want. | 我是你想找的人 |
[53:08] | l am Jean Valjean. | 我是冉阿让 |
[53:16] | – It’s him! – Oh, my God! | -是他 -哦 上帝 |
[53:18] | Monsieur le Maire, l know you to be a kind man, but this– | 马德兰先生 我知道你是个好人 可这 |
[53:22] | A kind man? | 好人 |
[53:24] | When l was in prison, l was as ignorant, mean and devious as these men. Not kind. | 当我在监狱的时候 我和这些人一样无知无耻 一点也不好 |
[53:28] | And l wish l couId keep my mouth shut and let this poor wretch suffer for me. | 我也希望把嘴闭严 让这个不幸的人代我受过 |
[53:33] | But– Continue with the investigation, monsieur. | 但是 继续审理吧 先生 |
[53:38] | You will find further proof that l am Valjean. | 你会发现更多证据证明—我是冉阿让 |
[54:17] | l need you in the office right away. | 马上到我办公室来 |
[54:26] | – You’re back. – I don’t have the child yet. | -你回来了 -我还没去接孩子 |
[54:29] | -I’ll be leaving in an hour. How is she? -Cough’s much worse. | -我一个小时后离开 她怎么样 -咳得更厉害了 |
[54:32] | There’s more blood now. She’s– | 咳的血也更多了 她 |
[54:35] | l think she’s just holding on to see her daughter. | 我认为她是在撑着见她女儿最后一面 |
[54:52] | – Wait. – I’ve an urgent message for Javert. | -站住 -我有个紧急信件要转给沙威 |
[54:55] | – I’ll take it up. – To be delivered by hand. | -给我吧 -要亲手交给他 |
[54:58] | This is a special warrant from Arras. | 是从阿拉斯来得特别指令 |
[55:09] | l knew it. | 我早就知道 |
[55:18] | Monsieur, you’re back. | 先生 你回来了 |
[55:20] | lf something were– | 芳汀 如果事情有所 |
[55:23] | l was just dreaming… | 我才梦到 |
[55:27] | about you. | 你 |
[55:28] | – Don’t excite yourself. – And me. | -别太激动 -和我 |
[55:30] | And Cosette. | 还有珂赛特 |
[55:32] | We were at her confirmation… | 我们看着她施礼 |
[55:37] | and she looked so beautiful. | 她是那么美丽 |
[55:42] | – Fantine, if something were– – But then she didn’t know me. | -芳汀 如果 -然而她却不认识我 |
[55:46] | And l was crying. | 我则痛哭流涕 |
[55:51] | I have to tell you something. | 我要和你说点事 |
[55:52] | – l know… – l won’t be able– | -我知道 -我不能 |
[55:54] | l’m not going to live long. | 我就要死了 |
[55:59] | Would you give this to her? | 能把这个交给她吗 |
[56:03] | – l saved it for her. – Yes. | -我留给她的 -好的 |
[56:08] | – Could you give it to her, please? – I’Il give it to her. | -能把这个交给她吗 求求你 -我会给她的 |
[56:22] | She can come stay with you, can’t she? | 她来和你住在一起行吗 |
[56:24] | You wilI raise her, won’t you? | 你来养育她 可以吗 |
[56:27] | Yes. | 好的 |
[56:29] | – l’Il raise her. – Promise me, monsieur. | -我会养育她的 -答应我 |
[56:31] | l promise. | 我答应 |
[56:34] | He lies so well, doesn’t he? He’s had a lot of practice. | 他谎撒得不错 对不对 平常总在练习 |
[56:38] | A lifetime of lies. | 一生都是谎言 |
[56:41] | – Save me! – it’s all right. | -救救我 -没事的 |
[56:43] | He’s not here for you. | 他不是来找你 |
[56:47] | Monsieur le Maire– | 市长先生 |
[56:48] | He isn’t mayor anymore. | 他不再是市长了 |
[56:50] | – Let me talk to you in private. – Speak up. Don’t mumble! | -我们私下谈一下 -大声说 不要窃窃私语 |
[56:53] | – l need a f avor. – Come on! Speak up! | -我求你帮忙 -快点 大声说 |
[56:55] | – Give me two days to fetch her child. – Are you joking? | -给我两天的时间把她的孩子接回来 -你讲笑呀 |
[56:58] | – I’ll pay anything you want. – Do you think l’m that stupid? | -我会给你任何你想要的 -你以为我是傻瓜吗 |
[57:01] | l think you do. | 我想你是这么认为的 |
[57:02] | You must have laughed when you forgave me, generous and kind Mayor. | 当你原谅我时一定在暗暗发笑 慷慨仁慈的市长 |
[57:06] | -l beg you– -You’ll not fetch things for your whore! | -我求你 -你不能为你的妓女做任何事 |
[57:08] | You’re going back where you belong, and this bitch is going to jail. | 你要回到属于你的地方 这个婊子也要坐牢 |
[57:12] | Listen to me! You’ll never see your daughter again! You’re going to prison! | 听我说 你再也见不到你女儿了 你要去坐牢 |
[57:15] | He can’t save you. He’s a criminal. | 他救不了你 他是个罪犯 |
[57:17] | Scum of the earth! | 社会的渣滓 |
[57:20] | Get up! | 起来 |
[57:26] | it’s a pleasure to see you again, Valjean. | 很高兴又见到你 阿让 |
[57:53] | You killed her. | 你害死了她 |
[57:58] | Where wilI you go, Valjean? You don’t have papers. | 你要去哪儿 阿让 你没有证件 |
[58:02] | I’ll find you. | 我会抓到你的 |
[58:14] | She repented, didn’t she? | 她忏悔了 是吗 |
[58:17] | – She made her peace with God. – Yes, monsieur. | -她安详的去了 -是的 先生 |
[58:40] | Are you a convict? ls that true? | 你是个罪犯 是真的吗 |
[58:43] | Yes. | 是的 |
[58:46] | – Where’s the inspector? – lnside. | -督察呢 -在里面 |
[58:49] | Did you kill him? | 你杀了他吗 |
[58:53] | That’s a pity. | 真可惜 |
[59:00] | You’d better hit me hard enough to make a lump. | 你最好把我打昏 |
[59:19] | – Where is he? – He left half an hour ago. | -他在哪儿 -他一个半小时前走了 |
[59:21] | – On foot? – On the wagon. | -走路 -坐马车 |
[59:23] | – Which way? – The southern route. | -哪个方向 -南方 |
[59:25] | – Commandeer the mail coach. – Yes, sir. | -找辆邮车 -是的 长官 |
[59:27] | Not you, Beauvais. You two, go! | 不是你 博韦尔 你们两个 去 |
[59:29] | – Ask anybody. Everybody saw him leave. – How much money did he take? | -随便找人问 大家都看到他走了 -他带走了多少钱 |
[59:32] | – He didn’t take any. – Show me the book. | -一个子儿也没拿 -把账本给我 |
[59:44] | I don’t understand. He transferred ownership. | 我不明白 他把产权转让了 |
[59:47] | To all the employees. | 给所有的雇员 |
[59:48] | Shares have been apportioned by seniority. | 按照资历进行平均分配 |
[59:50] | He withdrew nothing for himself. | 他自己什么也没拿 |
[1:00:10] | Quickly! | 快点儿 |
[1:00:35] | Faster! Come on! Drive them there! | 再快点儿 快点 加把劲 |
[1:00:52] | – Whoa! – Don’t slow down. Give me the reins. | 你干什么 别慢下来 把马鞭给我 |
[1:00:56] | Come on! | 快点 |
[1:01:03] | We’re going too fast, sir! | 我们跑得太快了 长官 |
[1:01:07] | Hold on! | 站住 |
[1:01:28] | You’re– | 你 |
[1:01:29] | You’re under arrest– | 你被捕了 |
[1:01:42] | The whore– who did she write to? The address– give it to me! | 那个妓女 她给谁写信了 把地址给我 |
[1:01:59] | There you are, you little sIut. What took you so long? | 你在这儿 小婊子 干吗去了 |
[1:02:03] | – It’s heavy. – Don’t let me hear you complaining. | -这很重 -别让我听见你怨三道四 |
[1:02:06] | You don’t bring a sou. The least you can do is clean the rooms! | 你一个苏也没有 起码可以打扫下卫生吧 |
[1:02:10] | l feed your greedy little mouth. | 我喂你这张贪婪的小嘴 |
[1:02:11] | Do l get thanks? No, I get smart answers. | 我听到谢谢了吗 没有 我只听到狡辩 |
[1:02:14] | Now get to work! | 现在去干活 |
[1:02:17] | Finish those stockings or you’Il get no supper. | 你要把袜子织完 否则没有晚餐吃 |
[1:02:19] | You have to earn your keep! | 你必须自己养活自己 |
[1:02:22] | What do you want? | 你要什么 |
[1:02:25] | – A room, please. – A room costs 20 sou. | -一个房间 -一间房要20苏 |
[1:02:28] | I’ll pay in advance. | 我可以预付 |
[1:02:31] | Oh. Very well, monsieur. | 好 没问题 先生 |
[1:02:33] | My dear, my sweet, my precious– | 亲爱的 我的宝贝 |
[1:02:35] | – You’ve forgotten, haven’t you? – I’ve forgotten. | -你忘了 是吗 -我忘了 |
[1:02:39] | l do that, don’t l? l forget things. | 确实是 对吧 我很健忘 |
[1:02:42] | – What have l forgotten? – We’ve rented the regular room. | -我忘了什么 -普通房我们都租完了 |
[1:02:45] | We’ve only got the wedding chamber left. | 只剩下蜜月套房了 |
[1:02:47] | l’m sorry, monsieur, but that costs 40 sou. | 对不起 先生 那种房要40苏 |
[1:02:52] | – You want a meal? – Bread and cheese. | -你要吃饭吗 -面包和芝士 |
[1:02:55] | Is that all? There’s rabbit stew. | 就这些吗 有炖兔肉 |
[1:02:58] | – What’s she knitting? – Who? | -她在织什么 -谁 |
[1:03:02] | Oh. She’s making stockings for my daughters. | 哦 她在给我的女儿们织袜子 |
[1:03:05] | – She’s not your daughter? – Not that creature. No. | -她不是你的女儿吗 -那个怪物 不是 |
[1:03:09] | Why? Does she interest you? | 怎么了 你对她感兴趣吗 |
[1:03:12] | Perhaps. | 也许 |
[1:03:14] | – What’s her name? – Cosette. | -她叫什么名字 -珂赛特 |
[1:03:18] | – What are they worth? – The girl? | -那些值多少钱 -小女孩 |
[1:03:21] | – The stockings. – The stockings– I don’t know. | -袜子 -袜子 我不知道 |
[1:03:25] | – You can buy the stockings. – Probably 30 sou. | -袜子可以卖给你 -也许要30苏 |
[1:03:29] | I’ll buy them. l’m paying for her time. | 我要买下来 我要买她织袜子的时间 |
[1:03:32] | I want her to play. | 我想让她玩 |
[1:03:34] | Of course, you understand, l meant 30 sou for each stocking. | 当然可以 你要明白 我的意思是每只袜子30苏 |
[1:03:37] | Cosette, get up. Come on. Get out of there. | 珂赛特 起来 出来 |
[1:03:42] | Get out of there! | 快出来 |
[1:03:44] | Get out! | 出来 |
[1:03:49] | You’re working for me now. You can rest or you can play. | 你现在为我工作 你可以休息 也可以玩 |
[1:03:53] | What would you like? | 你想干什么 |
[1:03:58] | Madame, is it true? Am l allowed to play? | 夫人 是真的吗 允许我玩吗 |
[1:04:00] | You heard, didn’t you? You must play! | 你听见了 是吗 你必须玩 |
[1:04:02] | Hurry up! Start playing. | 快点 开始玩吧 |
[1:04:14] | Perhaps monsieur would like Cosette to play on his lap? | 也许先生喜欢珂赛特在他的腿上玩 |
[1:04:20] | l’m heading to Paris. | 我要去巴黎 |
[1:04:22] | – Is there a mail carriage I can take? – It’s gone already. | -有没有邮车可以搭乘 -已经过去了 |
[1:04:25] | Next coach to Paris arrives at dawn. | 下一趟要黎明才到 |
[1:04:43] | – You Iike our Cosette? – l want to take her with me. | -你喜欢我们的珂赛特吗 -我想带她走 |
[1:04:46] | Monsieur, l have to telI you the truth. l adore that child. | 先生 我必须告诉你事实 我很喜欢这个孩子 |
[1:04:50] | – You adore her. – Yes, it’s true. | -你很喜欢她 -是 是真的 |
[1:04:52] | l’m not rich. I’ve had to pay over 400 francs for her medicine. | 我没什么钱 但我不得不为她吃的药支付了400法郎 |
[1:04:57] | But I’m a stupid man. l have no sense, just a heart. | 我是个愚蠢的人 我做事一点都不理智 完全凭心 |
[1:05:03] | – A big heart. – You paid over 400 francs. | -一片好心 -你付了400法郎 |
[1:05:06] | Five hundred. | 五百 |
[1:05:11] | All right. I want to leave right away. | 好吧 我今晚就走 |
[1:05:15] | l’m sorry, monsieur. But her mother gave her to us to protect. | 对不起 先生 但她妈妈把她交给我们保护 |
[1:05:19] | – I can’t let a stranger take her– – How much? | -我不能让个陌生人带走她 -多少钱 |
[1:05:22] | This isn’t a question of money. | 这不是钱的问题 |
[1:05:25] | – What right do you have to the girl? – You don’t want money? | -你对这孩子有什么权利 -你不想要钱 |
[1:05:27] | Of course not. I mean– | 当然不是 我的意思是 |
[1:05:29] | Even if you offered 1000 or 1200 francs. l couldn’t give her to you. | 即使你付给我1000或1200法郎 我也不能把她交给你 |
[1:05:34] | True, l owe 1500 francs. | 事实是 我欠了1500法郎的债 |
[1:05:35] | My whole life would be solved if only l had 1500 francs, but– | 如果我有1500法郎 我的一生就解脱了 但是 |
[1:05:41] | I can’t think about money. | 我不能只考虑到钱 |
[1:05:43] | It’s a question of law. All that matters is: | 这是个法律问题 关键是 |
[1:05:46] | – Who has a right to the child. – That’s a relief. | -谁有带走孩子的权利 -这让人真欣慰 |
[1:05:51] | Here’s a letter from Cosette’s mother authorizing me to take her. | 这有一封珂赛特的妈妈授权我接她走的信 |
[1:06:14] | Cosette, quick! | 珂赛特 快点 |
[1:06:33] | Do we have to walk all the way to Paris? | 我们非得走到巴黎去吗 |
[1:06:35] | – Yes. Are you tired? – No, monsieur. l’m all right. | -是的 你累了吗 -没有 先生 我很好 |
[1:06:38] | Cosette, best not to call me “monsieur.” | 珂赛特 最好不要叫我”先生” |
[1:06:40] | People will think we’re strangers. | 别人会以为我们两个不认识 |
[1:06:42] | Then what shall l caIl you, monsieur? | 那我叫你什么 先生 |
[1:06:45] | Well, what about “papa”? | 叫”爸爸”怎么样 |
[1:06:48] | But you’re not my father, monsieur. Are you? | 但你不是我的父亲 先生 对吗 |
[1:06:53] | Want me to carry you? | 要我抱你吗 |
[1:07:00] | I can reach the branches! | 我够得着树枝了 |
[1:07:03] | You’re the tallest lady in France. | 你是法国最高的女士 |
[1:07:05] | – l’m the queen of France. – That’s right. | -我是法国的女王 -对极了 |
[1:07:08] | You’re the queen of France. | 你是法国的女王 |
[1:07:10] | You’re the queen, Cosette. | 你是女王 珂赛特 |
[1:07:19] | Have your papers out and ready to be inspected. | 把证件拿出来准备接受检查 |
[1:07:22] | Wake up. This is Paris. | 醒醒 到巴黎了 |
[1:07:24] | Form an orderly queue and have your papers ready! | 排好队 把证件准备好 |
[1:07:34] | You! Keep in line back there! | 你 回到队伍里去 |
[1:07:36] | Have your papers out and ready for inspection! | 把证件拿出来准备接受检查 |
[1:07:42] | Let these carriages through. | 让马车过去 |
[1:07:46] | We must get here. | 我们必须到那儿 |
[1:07:50] | Have your papers out and ready for inspection. | 把证件拿出来准备接受检查 |
[1:07:56] | Listen. Wait here. | 听着 在这等会儿 |
[1:07:59] | l won’t be long. All right? | 我不会去太久 好吗 |
[1:08:01] | Have your papers out and ready for inspection. | 把证件拿出来准备接受检查 |
[1:08:05] | Don’t leave me! | 别离开我 |
[1:08:10] | You have to be quiet. l’m just having a look at the waIl. | 你要安静 我只是去看看那个城墙 |
[1:08:14] | – l’m not leaving you. – Are we gonna climb that wall? | -我不会离开你的 -我们要爬城墙吗 |
[1:08:17] | Yes. | 对 |
[1:08:19] | All right? | 好吗 |
[1:08:25] | Papa! But you told me to call you papa. | 爸爸 是你让我叫你爸爸的 |
[1:08:29] | You! Where are your documents? | 你 你的文件在哪儿 |
[1:08:31] | – No luck yet. – He’s on foot. | -还没找到 -他是步行 |
[1:08:34] | The little girl would slow him down. | 那个小女孩会脱慢他的步伐 |
[1:08:38] | WelI, Javert… | 沙威 |
[1:08:41] | you said he was Valjean, and we ignored you. | 你说他是阿让 而我们驳回了你 |
[1:08:44] | Rather than apologize… | 除了道歉 |
[1:08:46] | l want you to know that I’ve asked the prefect to transfer you to Paris… | 我想让你知道 我已要求上级把你调回巴黎 |
[1:08:51] | to work as my deputy. | 做我的助手 |
[1:08:55] | Monsieur, l’m honored. | 先生 这是我的荣幸 |
[1:08:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:09:00] | Meanwhile, these men are at your disposal to find Valjean. | 同时 这些人来帮你一起搜寻冉阿让 |
[1:09:13] | All right, Cosette. Give me your doll. | 珂赛特 把你的娃娃给我 |
[1:09:15] | Now, climb on my back. | 爬到我背上来 |
[1:09:18] | Come on. Here. | 来 |
[1:09:21] | Put your foot here. | 把脚放在这儿 |
[1:09:22] | That’s it. Big jump. That’s a girl. All right. | 好 跳一下 对了 这才是乖孩子 |
[1:09:42] | – Papa, I’m frightened. – Don’t look down. | -爸爸 我很怕 -别往下看 |
[1:09:50] | – Of course he won’t. – Pardon me? | -他当然不会 -什么 |
[1:09:54] | – He won’t what? – Have your papers ready. | -他不会什么 -准备好证件 |
[1:09:57] | l want three of you in each direction to walk around the waIl. | 我要你们三个人一组 沿着城墙分头走 |
[1:10:00] | Look for a narrow gap where someone could jump onto a roof. | 搜寻那些可以让人从城墙跳过来的小缺口 |
[1:10:02] | – Go! – I don’t understand. | -快 -我不明白 |
[1:10:05] | He has no proper papers, sir. He won’t come through here. | 他没有正式的证件 长官 他不会从大门走的 |
[1:10:21] | – Watch here. – Yes, sir. | -看着这儿 -是的 长官 |
[1:10:28] | Stay down! | 趴下 |
[1:10:47] | We’Il have to cross here. | 我们要从这过去 |
[1:10:55] | Shut up! Do you want to get us killed? | 闭嘴 你想害死我们吗 |
[1:10:58] | l’m sorry. It’s all right. | 对不起 没事了 |
[1:11:01] | l’m sorry. But we have to be quiet. | 对不起 但我们一定不能出声 |
[1:11:03] | This is the only place we can get over. | 我们只能从这儿进去 |
[1:11:08] | Listen to me. We have to jump. | 听我说 我们一定要跳过去 |
[1:11:31] | Come on. Take my hand. | 来 抓着我的手 |
[1:11:51] | – What’s on the other side of this wall? – it’s a convent. | -墙那面是什么 -是女修道院 |
[1:12:01] | l’m not going to wake up a building full of nuns… | 我不允许吵醒一帮害怕男人的修女 |
[1:12:03] | who are terrified of men and search their beds! | 搜查她们的房间 |
[1:12:06] | – it’s for their protection. – This is a strict order. | -这是为了保护她们 -这是个严格的命令 |
[1:12:09] | They’re not permitted to look at a man much less speak to him! | 她们连看男人一眼都不允许 更别说讲话了 |
[1:12:12] | it’s a boarding school for girls. They must be protected. | 这是个女子寄宿学校 她们必须受到保护 |
[1:12:14] | The girls are daughters of the aristocracy… | 这些孩子是贵族的子女 |
[1:12:16] | whose parents will kiss your feet if you are right… | 这些贵族在你做得对的时候 会亲吻你的脚 |
[1:12:18] | and have you guillotined if you are wrong! | 做错的时候会送你上断头台 |
[1:12:20] | l know he’s in there. | 我知道他在里面 |
[1:12:25] | What? Who are you? | 干什么 你是谁 |
[1:12:31] | Now l’m trapped under the cart, Lafitte. | 现在我被大车压住了 拉菲特 |
[1:12:36] | lf you would collect all the nuns and schoolgirls and take them to the chapel. | 如果你能把所有的修女和学生集中在小教堂 |
[1:12:41] | Then my men could search everywhere and you wouldn’t be in danger. | 那样我的人就可以仔细搜查 而你也不需担心 |
[1:12:43] | We’re not afraid of men. We’re here to adore Christ. | 我们不是怕男人 我们在这是颂扬基督 |
[1:12:46] | – I can’t protect you out here. – A search of our grounds… | -我在外面没法保护你们 -搜查我们的住处 |
[1:12:48] | our school or our convent is impossible. | 学校和修道院是不可能的 |
[1:12:51] | l’m sorry, lnspector. | 对不起 督察 |
[1:13:07] | I’ve told the Mother Superior you’re my brother. | 我已经告诉主管的嬷嬷 你是我的兄弟 |
[1:13:10] | – You’ll be the new gardener. – Good. | -你将是新园丁 -好极了 |
[1:13:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:13:14] | Tomorrow can you arrange for her to go to school here? | 明天能安排她在这里读书吗 |
[1:13:17] | – I can pay. – Who is she? | -我可以付钱 -她是谁 |
[1:13:23] | She’s an orphan. | 她是个孤儿 |
[1:13:26] | She’ll be with me now. | 她以后就和我在一起了 |
[1:14:32] | – Pity. – What? | -可惜 -什么 |
[1:14:35] | l was thinking of next year, when it will be Cosette’s turn. | 我在想 明年就轮到珂赛特了 |
[1:14:38] | ls it a pity to be devoted to Christ? | 献身基督可惜吗 |
[1:14:42] | A beautiful nun is a tragic waste. | 一个美丽的修女是极大的浪费 |
[1:14:46] | Well, even though Cosette will be stuck here… | 即使把珂赛特留在这儿 |
[1:14:48] | at least you can see the world. | 最起码你应看看外面的世界 |
[1:14:51] | Or Paris anyway. | 或者巴黎 |
[1:14:54] | Aren’t you curious? | 你不好奇吗 |
[1:14:56] | You haven’t been outside now in how many years? | 你有多少年没出去了 |
[1:14:59] | The world never changes. | 世界是不会变的 |
[1:15:01] | lt is changing. | 它每天都在变化 |
[1:15:03] | You shouId have a look for yourseIf. | 你应该亲眼去看看 |
[1:15:06] | You’ll be surprised. | 你会感到吃惊的 |
[1:15:25] | – What are you looking at? – l’m just watching the people go by. | -你在看什么 -看来来往往的人 |
[1:15:33] | – I don’t want to take my vows. – Your promised the Mother Superior. | -我不想守誓约了 -你答应过院长嬷嬷的 |
[1:15:36] | – l want to leave. PIease. – But we’re safe here. | -我想离开这儿 求你了 -但我们在这儿很安全 |
[1:15:39] | – Safe from what? – We have everything we need. | -干吗要这么安全 -这有我们一切所需的 |
[1:15:42] | I can work here. I can be near you. | 我可以工作 可以在你左右 |
[1:15:44] | – We have a good life here. – Please, Papa. | -我们在这儿生活得很好 -求你了 爸爸 |
[1:15:49] | I’ll think about it. | 我会考虑的 |
[1:15:53] | l’m very grateful for everything you’ve done for us, Reverend Mother. | 我非常感谢你为我们所作的一切 院长嬷嬷 |
[1:15:56] | But my daughter’s happiness is what’s most important to me. | 但女儿的幸福对我才是最重要的 |
[1:15:59] | Naturally, I’m disappointed Cosette has changed her mind. | 说实话 我很失望 珂赛特改变了主意 |
[1:16:03] | But l, too, want to see her happy. | 但我也希望看到她开心 |
[1:16:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢您 |
[1:16:07] | We shall leave as soon as I can find a suitable home. | 在我找到个舒适的地方后 我们会尽快离开的 |
[1:16:10] | l was wondering– | 我很担心 |
[1:16:12] | I don’t know anyone in Paris. | 我在巴黎什么人也不认识 |
[1:16:16] | lf you could help me find a house in a decent area– | 如果您能帮我们在还不错的地方找间房子的话 |
[1:16:19] | Lafitte, how could you afford such a house? | 拉菲特 你怎么付得起房租 |
[1:16:23] | Before we came here, l had money– | 我们来这之前 我带了些钱 |
[1:16:25] | family money– that l saved… | 是家族的钱 我存着 |
[1:16:28] | to help provide for us. | 为我们将来的生活 |
[1:16:30] | Well, l hope you’re certain that you’ve made the right decision. | 我希望你做了正确的决定 |
[1:16:34] | l am. | 是的 |
[1:16:44] | Look, Papa. | 瞧 爸爸 |
[1:17:05] | – l shan’t be long. – I’ll wait here. | -我不会去太久 -我就在这儿等着 |
[1:17:07] | – All right. But don’t leave the cab. – I’ll stay put. | -好 但不要离开马车 -我一步都不会离开 |
[1:17:24] | I’ll be back soon. | 我很快就回来 |
[1:17:39] | Ma’am, have you got any money? | 女士 你有钱吗 |
[1:17:47] | Why not? Because it’s against the law to strike. | 为什么不 因为罢工违反了法律 |
[1:17:50] | The king has declared that everything is a crime. | 国王把所有事都当做是犯罪 |
[1:17:53] | Writing is a crime. | 写作是犯罪 |
[1:17:55] | Two weeks ago police destroyed the Égallté– the workers’ newspaper. | 两个星期前 警方查封了工人的报社 |
[1:17:59] | They smashed the press. | 他们随意施压 |
[1:18:01] | That man making the speech– | 演讲的那个人 |
[1:18:03] | He’s the leader of the A.B.C. Society– | 他是ABC社团的头目 |
[1:18:06] | the largest and most dangerous of the student groups. | 最大和最危险的学生组织 |
[1:18:11] | They want the king out. They want suffrage without limitation. | 他们想让国王下台 他们想举行公开投票选举 |
[1:18:15] | I don’t care what they want. I want to know who they are. | 我不管他们想干什么 我只要知道他们是谁 |
[1:18:18] | – Speaking out is a crime. – Marius Pontmercy. | -言论自由是犯罪 -马里尤斯·庞马斯 |
[1:18:21] | – Rents a room above the Cafe Musain. – Being poor is the worst crime of all. | -在莫山咖啡店的上面租了间房 -贫困是最大的罪行 |
[1:18:26] | lf you commit these crimes, you are condemned for life. | 如果你犯了这些罪行 终身都会受到惩罚 |
[1:18:29] | Concentrate on him. | 注意观察他 |
[1:18:31] | Our government has no mercy, no pity, no forgiveness. | 我们的政府没有同情 没有怜悯 没有宽恕 |
[1:18:34] | – And it has no work for us! – And there’s no work. | -还没有工作 -没给我们工作 |
[1:18:37] | And because there is no work our children are starving. | 因为没有工作 我们的孩子在挨饿 |
[1:18:40] | Tell me, why are we powerless to save the people we love? | 告诉我 为什么我们无力拯救我们所爱的人 |
[1:18:45] | TeIl me why! | 告诉我为什么 |
[1:18:46] | – The king lied! – The king betrayed us. | -国王撒谎 -国王背叛了我们 |
[1:18:48] | We were promised the vote. Do we have the vote? | 他答应我们要投票 我们投票了吗 |
[1:18:52] | Where is the repubIic our f athers died for? | 我们的父辈所为之牺牲的共和国在哪里 |
[1:18:55] | – Where? – Here! | -在哪里 -在这儿 |
[1:19:00] | it’s here, my brothers. | 在这儿 兄弟们 |
[1:19:03] | lt lives here in our heads. | 在我们的记忆里 |
[1:19:05] | But most of all… | 最重要的 |
[1:19:07] | best of all… | 最理想的 |
[1:19:09] | it lives in our hearts. | 它在我们的心中 |
[1:19:14] | We are the republic! | 我们就是共和国 |
[1:20:03] | Where have you been? l told you not to leave the cab. | 你去哪儿了 我告诉过你别离开马车 |
[1:20:05] | l was just going out for some air. | 我只是去呼吸点新鲜空气 |
[1:20:09] | – Who’s that? – I don’t know. | -那是谁 -我不知道 |
[1:20:12] | – He was making a speech in the street. – Come. | -他刚才在大街上演讲 -来 |
[1:20:14] | We’re going home. | 我们回家吧 |
[1:21:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:21:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:21:23] | You again. l looked this time. l’m sure you weren’t at mass. | 又是你 这次我没看错 我肯定你没做弥撒 |
[1:21:26] | l was, Father! | 我做了 神父 |
[1:21:27] | – Get out of the line! – MademoiseIle, they won’t let us in. | -离开这儿 -小姐 他不让我们进来 |
[1:21:30] | it’s all right, Father. Let them through. | 没事的 神父让他们过来吧 |
[1:21:32] | – We made extra today. – How are you, Gavroche? | -我们今天准备的多 -你好吗 伽弗洛什 |
[1:21:34] | Thank you. No one is as kind and beautiful as you– | 谢谢你 没人像你这样又好心又漂亮 |
[1:21:38] | Gavroche, you’re such a convincing liar. l fear for your mortal soul. | 伽弗洛什 你是个有说服力的骗子 我真是怕了你了 |
[1:21:41] | – Who are your little friends? – Not friends. Theses are my babies. | -你这些小朋友是谁 -不是朋友 这些是我的孩子 |
[1:21:45] | l found them wandering the street. Don’t l make a good f ather? | 我发现他们在街上四处游荡 我不是个好父亲吗 |
[1:21:49] | You’d make a better f ather, Gavroche, | 你会成为个好父亲的 伽弗洛什 |
[1:21:50] | with a real coat. | 如果你有件真正的外套的话 |
[1:21:51] | Wait a moment. | 等一下 |
[1:21:55] | My friend wants to know if you’ll take a walk in the park with him. | 我的朋友想知道你是否能和他去公园散步 |
[1:22:13] | Here you are. Bring your babies back tomorrow and I’ll give them jackets. | 给你明天带你的孩子来 我会给他们些夹克衫 |
[1:22:17] | – Thank you, sir. – Thank you. | -谢谢你 先生 -谢谢 |
[1:22:23] | He never leaves her alone. | 他总是跟着她 |
[1:22:25] | He’s not a f ather. He’s a jailer. | 他不是个父亲 他是个看守 |
[1:22:28] | Go on. Here they come. | 去吧 他们来了 |
[1:22:30] | – Go. – Come on, boys. Hurry up. | -走 -走 孩子们 快点 |
[1:22:52] | Let’s go home. | 我们回家吧 |
[1:22:53] | May we go for a walk? it’s so sunny and mild. | 我们可以去散会儿步吗 阳光这么明媚 |
[1:22:57] | l’m tired. Would you read to me in the garden? | 我累了 你可以在花园里给我读书吗 |
[1:23:00] | Why don’t you go lie down? I’ll go for a walk. | 你为什么不回去躺一会儿 我去散散步 |
[1:23:02] | – Alone? – l’m going have to waIk alone someday. | -一个人 -我总有一天要独立生活的 |
[1:23:05] | Someday, not today. | 总有一天 但不是今天 |
[1:23:07] | – Why don’t you sit in the fiacre– – Stop playing games! | -你可以坐在马车里 -别耍把戏 |
[1:23:10] | – l’m not playing games. – Are you disobeying me? | -我没耍把戏 -你要违抗我吗 |
[1:23:13] | l’m your father! Get in. | 我是你父亲 进去 |
[1:23:37] | it’s Thursday. | 今天是星期四 |
[1:23:39] | Madame Toussaint made your f avorite dessert. | 图桑太太做了你最喜欢吃的点心 |
[1:23:42] | What do you say, Cosette? | 你觉得怎么样 珂赛特 |
[1:23:53] | Strangers can be dangerous. | 陌生人可能会很危险 |
[1:24:04] | WiIl that be all? WiIl that be all? | 这够了吗 |
[1:24:07] | Yes, thank you, Toussaint. | 够了 谢谢 图桑 |
[1:24:19] | – You’re not, you know. – Pardon? | -你不是 你知道的 -什么 |
[1:24:23] | You’re not my father. | 你不是我父亲 |
[1:24:25] | That is, you never said you were until you became so angry today. | 你从没说过你是 在你今天发脾气之前 |
[1:24:30] | That was the very first time you said it. | 这是你第一次这样说 |
[1:24:33] | – Yes. You’re right. – Well? | -对 你说得对 -那么 |
[1:24:37] | Are you my f ather? | 你是我父亲吗 |
[1:24:43] | l promised your mother l’d take care of you. | 我答应你妈妈我会照顾你 |
[1:24:45] | l know you think l worry too much. | 我知道你认为我管的太多了 |
[1:24:47] | – But strangers can be– – All right! | -但是陌生人可能 -够了 |
[1:24:49] | -What’s the matter? -I don’t want to hear that speech again! | -怎么了 -我不想再听到那番话了 |
[1:24:52] | l know there’s something shameful. lt must be me. | 我知道肯定有什么不体面的事 那肯定是我 |
[1:24:54] | – My child, no! – Or you! | -我的孩子 不是 -或者是你 |
[1:24:57] | You’re the shameful secret. | 你有令人尴尬的秘密 |
[1:24:59] | Maybe both of us. It doesn’t matter. | 也许是我们两个 这无关紧要 |
[1:25:01] | I can’t go out or talk to people– | 总之我不能出去 不能和别人讲话 |
[1:25:03] | – Stop this, Cosette. – l think you’re lying. | -别说了 珂赛特 -我认为你在撒谎 |
[1:25:05] | l know the secret. | 我知道这个秘密 |
[1:25:07] | You want me here with you all the time– night and day… | 你想让我永远和你在这里 日日夜夜 |
[1:25:09] | because you’re lonely, and you want me to be alone forever! | 因为你很孤僻 你想让我陪你孤单一世 |
[1:25:29] | You’re right. l’m not a f ather. I don’t– | 你说的对 我不是你父亲 我不 |
[1:25:34] | l just want to protect you, that’s all. | 我只想保护你 仅此而已 |
[1:25:37] | The world isn’t a safe place, believe me. | 这世界并不安全 相信我 |
[1:25:40] | You’re the only person l have. | 你是我的唯一 |
[1:25:44] | This is the only way l know how to do it. l’m sorry. | 我只能做到这些 对不起 |
[1:25:51] | – It’s all right. – Come. Have your meal. | -没事了 -来 吃饭吧 |
[1:25:55] | – l won’t be long. – Fine. | -我自己呆一会儿 -好的 |
[1:25:57] | Toussaint will save it. | 图桑会收好的 |
[1:26:24] | – HelIo. – Hello. | -你好 -你好 |
[1:26:30] | – What’s your name? – Marius. | -你叫什么名字 -马里尤斯 |
[1:26:35] | – And yours? – l’m Cosette. | -你呢 -珂赛特 |
[1:26:45] | l have something for you. | 我有东西给你 |
[1:26:47] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:27:02] | I can warm up your soup. | 我可以把汤热一下 |
[1:27:04] | l’m coming. | 我就来 |
[1:27:09] | I’ll be here… | 我明天晚上 |
[1:27:10] | tomorrow night, outside. | 会在外面等你 |
[1:27:15] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[1:27:44] | Any guns? | 搞到枪了吗 |
[1:27:53] | – Maybe this is moving too f ast. – Revolutions should always be rushed. | -也许我们太急躁了 -革命总是很激进的 |
[1:27:56] | Progress doesn’t have time to waste. | 前进的步伐很紧迫 |
[1:27:58] | But this is pathetic. Two weeks, what have we got? | 但也太可怜了 两个星期 我们搞到什么了 |
[1:28:01] | Barely enough guns for ourseIves. | 仅仅能武装起来自己 |
[1:28:03] | Then we’lI do what revolutionaries have always done: | 然而我们可以像所有革命者所做的那样 |
[1:28:05] | Tear up the streets and throw stones. | 把街道搞坏 投掷石块 |
[1:28:07] | Come on, Marius! Throw stones? | 别逗了 马里尤斯 扔石头 |
[1:28:08] | They won’t attack with sticks! | 他们不会用木棍来对付我们的 |
[1:28:11] | Well? | 怎么样 |
[1:28:12] | We have two kegs of gunpowder stored in the back room. Guns are another story. | 在后面的房间有两桶火药 枪就不好说了 |
[1:28:17] | – ls there a plan? – No one can agree when to make a move. | -有计划吗 -难以决定何时采取行动 |
[1:28:21] | They argue about whether the peopIe are ready. | 他们在争论人民是否准备好了 |
[1:28:23] | – But the truth is, they’re scared. – These puppies seem harmless. | -事实是 他们很害怕 -这些家伙听起来没什么作为 |
[1:28:26] | We should move you to another group. | 我们会把你调到另一组 |
[1:28:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:28:29] | What about this Marius? Anything on him? | 那个马里尤斯怎么样 有他什么消息 |
[1:28:32] | He’s in love. But he has to go to the square… | 他恋爱了但他必须到广场 |
[1:28:34] | to the food tent, to get a glimpse of his beloved. | 施粥篷 才能看到他所爱的人一眼 |
[1:28:36] | – Who is the father? – l know you like me to be thorough. | -她的父亲是谁 -我知道你喜欢我做事周全 |
[1:28:39] | So l checked. He’s behind the charity. | 我查过了 他属于慈善团体 |
[1:28:42] | l didn’t find out much, only his name: | 我没有查出太多 只知道他的名字 |
[1:28:45] | Lafitte. | 拉菲特 |
[1:28:47] | You know him? | 你认识他吗 |
[1:28:49] | I don’t think so. | 不认识 |
[1:28:53] | Aren’t we going for our walk? | 我们出去散步好吗 |
[1:28:55] | Not tonight, Papa. l want to finish my book. | 今晚不行 爸爸 我要把书看完 |
[1:28:57] | But we missed it last night, and you’ve been in all day. | 但我们昨天就没去 你一整天都呆在家里 |
[1:29:01] | – You need your exercise, my dear. – l’m too tired. | -你要多运动 宝贝 -我太累了 |
[1:29:04] | – Are you all right? – Yes, of course. | -你没事吧 -当然 |
[1:29:07] | l have my book, and Toussaint is here. | 我有书看 图桑也在这儿 |
[1:29:11] | Good night, my dear. | 晚安 孩子 |
[1:29:55] | Your letter was beautiful. | 你的信写得很美 |
[1:29:59] | lt was really beautiful. | 真得很美 |
[1:30:04] | – Tell my everything. – Everything? About what? | -把所有的事都告诉我 -所有的事 关于什么 |
[1:30:08] | About you. | 关于你 |
[1:30:11] | There’s nothing to tell. | 那没什么好说的 |
[1:30:15] | I’m a very simple girl. | 我是个很单纯的女孩 |
[1:30:18] | l live a very simple life. | 过着简单的生活 |
[1:30:22] | l grew up in a convent with other girls, of course. | 我和其他女孩一起在修道院长大 当然 |
[1:30:27] | My father lived there too. | 我父亲也住在那儿 |
[1:30:30] | My f ather’s a very good man. | 我父亲是个好人 |
[1:30:32] | l grew up in his love. | 我在他爱的沐浴下成长 |
[1:30:35] | His love was my home, if you know what l mean. | 他的爱就是我的家 如果你明白的话 |
[1:30:38] | And then l met you. | 然后我就遇见了你 |
[1:30:41] | And what about you? | 那你呢 |
[1:30:43] | – You’re a genius, aren’t you? – Genius. | -你是个天才 是吗 -天才 |
[1:30:47] | l’m a poor student… | 我只是个穷学生 |
[1:30:49] | no brighter or smarter than anyone else. | 不比其他任何人聪明 |
[1:30:51] | Your speech was wonderful. | 你的演讲令人惊奇 |
[1:30:53] | l didn’t breathe while you talked. | 你说话时我抑制住了呼吸 |
[1:30:56] | l was afraid l’d miss a word. | 我害怕漏听掉一个字 |
[1:32:26] | This week was the same as last– every night? | 这星期和上星期一样 每晚都是 |
[1:32:28] | lnspector, they’re in love. | 督察 他们在恋爱 |
[1:32:31] | it’s perfectly nauseating. | 简直令人恶心 |
[1:32:34] | She sneaks out the door, and they’re together tilI dawn. | 她偷偷溜出来 和他一起呆到黎明 |
[1:32:38] | They even stay out there when it rains. | 他们就连下雨的时候也呆在外面 |
[1:32:43] | l haven’t caught the gun supplier. I’ve caught pneumonia. | 我还没抓到提供枪的人 我感染了肺炎 |
[1:32:46] | – And the father knows nothing? – This, too, isn’t a surprise. | -而那个父亲什么都不知道 -这丝毫不出奇 |
[1:32:50] | I admit the whole experience has disillusioned me. | 我的承认这事提醒了我 |
[1:32:53] | l certainly don’t plan on having any children. | 我肯定不会要孩子 |
[1:32:56] | EspeciaIly not a daughter. | 尤其是女儿 |
[1:33:01] | Can l be reassigned? | 我可以去干别的吗 |
[1:33:03] | Perhaps l could infiltrate some nice anarchists. | 也许我可以渗透到一些无政府主义者的组织中去 |
[1:33:08] | – With a roof over their heads. – Yes, I’Il handle this. | -给他们降降温 -好吧 我会处理的 |
[1:33:10] | You’re relieved. Take two days off and report to me. | 你放心去吧 休息两天再向我报到 |
[1:33:13] | – You’ll be reassigned. – Thank you. | -你会被重新安排工作 -谢谢 |
[1:33:16] | Just out of curiosity, sir, what are you going to do? | 我有点好奇 长官 你打算怎么做 |
[1:33:19] | From what you’ve said, M. Lafitte is respectable and well-off. | 依你所说 拉菲特先生是一个高尚和令人尊敬的人 |
[1:33:23] | – Yes. – A little softhearted perhaps. | -是的 -也许心肠有点软 |
[1:33:25] | But a churchgoer– Ioving f ather and so on. | 经常去礼拜 一个慈爱的父亲 诸如此类 |
[1:33:27] | Absolutely. The whole neighborhood speaks well of him. | 很明显 所有的邻居对他的评价都很好 |
[1:33:29] | He deserves to know his daughter’s been seduced by a dangerous radical. | 所以他有权知道 他的女儿定期的会见一个危险的激进分子 |
[1:33:45] | Toussaint, leave your cooking, and come sit in the garden. | 图桑 别煮饭了 到花园里来坐一会儿 |
[1:33:48] | it’s a glorious day. | 今天天气真好 |
[1:33:50] | – There’s someone here to see you. – Who is it? | -有个人要见你 -是谁 |
[1:33:53] | – lnsp– – lt doesn’t matter. | -督 -算了 |
[1:33:54] | lnspector Javert, from the police. | 沙威督察 从警察局来的 |
[1:34:17] | – Could you w– – I’ll wait. | -你能等 -我会的 |
[1:34:24] | – Who was that? – That wa– | -那是谁 -那是 |
[1:34:28] | – Yes? – Was a gardener. | -啊 -是个园丁 |
[1:34:34] | – But why say you’re away? – There’s no time to explain. | -为什么说你不在 -没有时间解释 |
[1:34:36] | Tell him I’ve gone away for a week. | 告诉他我要出去一个星期 |
[1:34:39] | lf he asks questions about your past… | 如果他盘问你过去的事 |
[1:34:41] | say you have a headache and excuse yourself. | 就借口头痛离开 |
[1:34:44] | – All right? No details. – You’re frightened. | -好吗 别问那么多 -你吓坏了 |
[1:34:46] | No. Please, just go. | 求你 快去吧 |
[1:34:50] | Try not to be nervous. He’ll sense it. | 不要太紧张 他很敏感 |
[1:34:52] | Stay caIm and composed. | 要沉着冷静 |
[1:35:00] | My father instructed Madame Toussaint | 当他出远门的时候 |
[1:35:01] | to say he’s out when he’s on a trip… | 我父亲让图桑和别人说他只是出去一会儿 |
[1:35:04] | so no one will know when there’s two helpless women here by ourselves. | 这样别人就不会知道这屋里只有两个无助的女人 |
[1:35:08] | Isn’t it ridiculous that he worried about it with you– a police inspector? | 对于您来说 他这种担心有点可笑是吧 |
[1:35:13] | – When will he return? – Oh, a week. | -他什么时候回来 -也许一个星期 |
[1:35:17] | Hard to say. | 很难讲 |
[1:35:19] | l’m going to leave him this note. Do you have an envelope? | 我要留给他个字条 你有信封吗 |
[1:35:22] | Right here. | 在这儿 |
[1:35:39] | l knew a Lafitte. Where did your people come from? | 我认识一个姓拉菲特的 你们是从哪儿来的 |
[1:35:43] | Here. Paris. | 巴黎本地 |
[1:35:48] | Probably no relation. | 那可能不是亲戚 |
[1:35:53] | This is for your f ather’s eyes alone. | 这只能给你父亲看 |
[1:35:55] | And l’d appreciate it if you gave him the letter yourself. | 希望你能把它交给你父亲 |
[1:36:13] | What a horrible man. How do you know him? | 真是个可怕的人 你怎么会认识他 |
[1:36:16] | – There’s no feeling in his eyes. – What does this mean? | -他的眼中没有任何情感 -这是什么意思 |
[1:36:19] | “Your daughter has been seduced… | 你的女儿定期和一个 |
[1:36:22] | by a dangerous radical named Marius Pontmercy. | 叫马里尤斯·庞马斯的激进分子约会 |
[1:36:25] | She betrays you every night!” | 她每晚都在背叛你 |
[1:36:28] | – I don’t know. – Don’t lie to me! | -我不知道 -别撒谎 |
[1:36:31] | Have you given yourself to this person? ls it true? | 你把自己交给这个人了 这是真的吗 |
[1:36:34] | – Do you see him every night? – Go ahead! Hit me! | -你每晚都见他吗 -来吧 打我吧 |
[1:36:36] | ls that why l should tell you– because you’ll hit me? | 你以为打我 我就会告诉你吗 |
[1:36:38] | Tell me the truth! | 告诉我真相 |
[1:36:40] | How dare you ask for the truth when you only tell me lies? | 你整天骗我 凭什么让我告诉你真相 |
[1:36:44] | Why does a policeman frighten you out of your wits? | 为什么一个警察会把你吓得丧失理智 |
[1:36:47] | Who is he? Who are you? | 他是谁 你是谁 |
[1:36:51] | You don’t understand. | 你不明白 |
[1:36:55] | You’ve ruined me. You’ve ruined us. | 你毁了我 你毁了我们 |
[1:36:57] | You’re right. I don’t understand. | 你说的对 我不明白 |
[1:37:00] | How can l when you won’t tell me the truth? | 你不告诉我 我怎么明白 |
[1:37:04] | What is it? Who are you? | 怎么回事 你是谁 |
[1:37:10] | All right. l’m not going to lie. | 好吧 我不撒谎 |
[1:37:13] | it’s true. l love Marius. l’m not ashamed. | 是真的 我爱马里尤斯 我不觉得羞耻 |
[1:37:18] | l only have a corner of a bench to be with him. | 我只是和他在街角的长凳上坐坐 |
[1:37:21] | But that corner is mine. | 但那个角落属于我 |
[1:37:24] | it’s my life. | 是我的生活 |
[1:37:26] | ls that what’s going to ruin us? | 这会毁了我们吗 |
[1:37:32] | Please tell me what this is all about, Papa. | 请告诉我到底怎么回事 爸爸 |
[1:37:36] | Please. | 求你 |
[1:37:38] | Please tell me what is it. | 求你告诉我 |
[1:37:41] | Please. | 求求你 |
[1:37:46] | What is it? | 怎么回事 |
[1:37:51] | l– | 我 |
[1:37:53] | l am a convict. | 我是个罪犯 |
[1:38:03] | When l was young… | 我年轻的时候 |
[1:38:05] | just your age… | 就像你这么大 |
[1:38:09] | l was very poor. l was starving. | 我很穷 在挨饿 |
[1:38:12] | One day l stood in front of a window. | 有一天我站在一个橱窗前 |
[1:38:16] | A window fulI of bread. | 一个摆满了面包的橱窗 |
[1:38:19] | There was just glass between me… | 我和饱腹之间 |
[1:38:23] | and not being hungry anymore. | 只隔着扇玻璃 |
[1:38:27] | lt was so easy. | 就那么简单 |
[1:38:30] | So l broke it… | 于是我打破了它 |
[1:38:32] | and took what l wanted. | 拿走了我想要得 |
[1:38:34] | Then they caught me… | 接着他们抓到了我 |
[1:38:38] | and put me in chains for aImost 20 years. | 把我锁起来将近二十年 |
[1:38:43] | They did things to me– | 他们对我做的 |
[1:38:49] | I can’t tell you about it. | 我无法和你讲 |
[1:38:53] | And l did things, there in jail. | 我也在监狱里干了些事 |
[1:38:56] | Terrible things. | 可怕的事 |
[1:38:59] | l became an animal. | 我变成了野兽 |
[1:39:04] | They took my dignity. | 他们夺走了我的尊严 |
[1:39:10] | They took everything from me. | 他们夺走了我的一切 |
[1:39:19] | lnspector, where do you want me tomorrow? | 督察 明天你想让我去哪儿 |
[1:39:22] | Should l go back to the Cafe Musain? | 要我回莫山咖啡屋吗 |
[1:39:24] | Not right away. | 不着急 |
[1:39:26] | Mingle with the crowd at the square. | 混到广场的人群中去 |
[1:39:28] | – See where it takes you. – All right. | -看看他们要去哪儿 -好的 |
[1:39:31] | Lafitte– the softhearted gentleman– did you find out about his background? | 拉菲特 这个好心的绅士 你查清楚他的背景了吗 |
[1:39:35] | Yes, sir. He’s from Vigau, born and raised. | 是的 长官 他从维高来 生长在那个地方 |
[1:39:39] | Lafitte and his daughter Cosette lived there until ten years ago. | 拉菲特和他的女儿珂赛特十年前才离开那个地方 |
[1:39:44] | – You didn’t say her name was Cosette! – You didn’t ask. | -你没说过她叫珂赛特 -你没问过 |
[1:39:51] | – No one here, sir. – The place is empty, sir. | -没有人 长官 -这地方是空的 长官 |
[1:39:56] | No one and nothing. Clean as a whistle. | 什么东西也没有 |
[1:40:00] | He moves fast. | 他搬得真快 |
[1:40:02] | Yes, he does. | 确实 |
[1:40:05] | But there’s a way to find him. | 但还有办法找到他 |
[1:40:10] | – Marius, have you seen my babies? – Not now. | -马里尤斯 看见我的孩子了吗 -现在别烦我 |
[1:40:13] | Not tonight. We have to plan tomorrow’s action. | 今晚别去我们要计划明天的行动 |
[1:40:15] | Tomorrow we’re not having an action. We’re having a revolution. | 明天我们不”行动” 我们要革命 |
[1:40:18] | We can’t tolerate this! | 我们不能忍受这些 |
[1:40:19] | We can’t aIlow the king to bury Lamarque as his hero! | 我们不能容忍国王把拉马克当作他自己的英雄来安葬 |
[1:40:22] | – l promise. One hour. – No! | -我保证 就一个小时 -不行 |
[1:40:25] | Marius, this is not a game! | 马里尤斯 这不是游戏 |
[1:40:27] | – Tomorrow you have to mean it! – l mean it. | -明天的事你要认真对待 -我很认真 |
[1:40:29] | – Do you? – Yes. We’ll plan tactics when l return. | -是吗 -是的 我回来后再研究下具体策略 |
[1:40:32] | When these bastards try to bury Lamarque we’ll bury them instead. | 当这些混蛋准备埋葬拉马克的时候 我们把他们埋葬 |
[1:40:37] | You hurry back. | 你快点回来 |
[1:40:39] | After tomorrow you can make love to her as a free man. | 过了明天你就可以像一个自由人那样和她做爱 |
[1:40:41] | Maybe. | 也许 |
[1:41:22] | “Go to 18 Rue De l’Ouest.” | “去西街18号” |
[1:41:46] | Why? | 为什么 |
[1:41:49] | He has to leave, and l have to go with him. | 他必须要搬走 我不得不跟着他 |
[1:41:51] | – What’s wrong? – His life is at stake. | -怎么回事 -他的命运出现危机 |
[1:41:55] | – His life? How? – it’s a secret. | -他的命运 怎么会呢 -这是个秘密 |
[1:41:58] | I can’t give it away. l was an orphan. He saved me. | 我不能离开他 我是个孤儿 他救了我 |
[1:42:02] | He gave me everything l have. I can’t leave him right now. | 他给与我一切 我现在不能离开他 |
[1:42:04] | – That means I’ll never see you again. – Listen! | -那意味着我再也不能见你了 -听着 |
[1:42:06] | l know what we can do. We’lI talk to him. | 我知道该怎么做 我们和他当面讲 |
[1:42:08] | He’lI understand. He’ll agree. You can come with us to England! | 他会明白的 会同意的 你可以和我们一起去英国 |
[1:42:11] | England? Cosette, are you crazy? | 英国 珂赛特 你疯了吗 |
[1:42:15] | Tomorrow we’re going to fight! | 明天我们就要战斗 |
[1:42:17] | We’re going to restore the republic! | 我们要重建共和国 |
[1:42:19] | I can’t run away now! | 我现在不能走 |
[1:42:21] | Why do you have to go to EngIand? Why now? | 你为什么一定要去英国 为什么要现在去 |
[1:42:24] | Why do you have to go now? | 为什么一定要现在去 |
[1:42:27] | He needs me. He took care of me, and now he needs me. | 他需要我 他一直照顾我 现在他需要我 |
[1:42:39] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[1:42:46] | Marius, please. | 马里尤斯 求你 |
[1:42:48] | Don’t be sad. | 不要难过 |
[1:43:01] | When do you Ieave? | 你什么时候走 |
[1:43:05] | Tomorrow. We can leave Paris because of Lamarque’s funeral. | 明天我们可以藉着拉马克的葬礼离开巴黎 |
[1:43:09] | He’s not sure. He said we might leave the next day. | 他不是很肯定他说我们也可能后天走 |
[1:43:14] | I’ll be here tomorrow night. | 明晚我会再来 |
[1:43:19] | Promise me you’ll meet me here. | 答应我明天在这等我 |
[1:43:43] | Well, it’s obvious we have them outnumbered. | 很明显我们在人数上超过他们 |
[1:43:45] | There are 24, 000 troops in the city… | 城里有24000个骑兵 |
[1:43:47] | and they can be reinforced by another 30,000 in two days. | 两天内还会有30000支援 |
[1:43:50] | So the question is where to deploy them. | 问题是怎么部署他们 |
[1:43:53] | My informers tell me the most criticaI moment… | 我的密探告诉我决定性的时刻 |
[1:43:55] | is when Lamarque’s funeraI procession passes through the square. | 是拉马克的葬礼队伍穿过广场的时候 |
[1:43:58] | That’s where they’ll start the fighting. | 他们将在那儿开始动乱 |
[1:44:00] | WeIl, we won’t fight them for every inch. | 我们不用和他们寸土必争 |
[1:44:04] | We’ll surround them. | 我们要包围他们 |
[1:44:10] | it’s frightening, Papa. Why are they so angry about this? | 真令人恐慌 爸爸 为什么他们这么气愤 |
[1:44:14] | Because Lamarque was a hero who fought for the republic. | 因为拉马克曾是个英雄 他为共和国而战 |
[1:44:17] | Why is the king giving Lamarque a state funeral? | 为什么国王要为拉马克举行国葬 |
[1:44:20] | He’s trying to claim Lamarque as his own hero. | 他想把拉马克当作他自己的英雄 |
[1:44:23] | it’s a lie. it’s the final insult. | 这是撒谎 这是一种侮辱 |
[1:44:26] | That’s why they’re angry. | 他们也是因为这个而气愤 |
[1:45:20] | Long live the repubIic! | 共和国万岁 |
[1:45:36] | – Lamarque is ours! – Jump on! | -拉马克属于我们 -跳上去 |
[1:45:51] | Lamarque is our hero! | 拉马克是我们的英雄 |
[1:45:53] | Come on, everybody! Pull! | 大家一起来 拉 |
[1:46:03] | Long live the republic! | 共和国万岁 |
[1:46:19] | To the barricades! | 到街垒去 |
[1:46:48] | Get out! | 下来 |
[1:47:02] | Javert, your information is as good as gold. | 沙威 你的消息真是准确无误 |
[1:47:06] | But the idiots of the municipaI guard… | 但是地方守卫的那些笨蛋 |
[1:47:08] | ignored your advice about the arsenal. | 忽视你关于兵工厂的建议 |
[1:47:13] | Javert, why are you dressed like that? | 沙威 你为什么穿成这个样子 |
[1:47:16] | Because l’m on the trail of someone who’s very dangerous. | 因为我在跟踪一个非常危险的人 |
[1:47:19] | lt will be an important arrest, sir. | 这个抓捕行动很重要 长官 |
[1:47:21] | Possibly the most important of my career. | 也许是我职业生涯中最重要的 |
[1:47:24] | lndeed. Who is it? | 真的吗 是谁 |
[1:47:26] | l’d rather not say until I’ve got him. | 我情愿抓到他之后再说 |
[1:47:28] | Well, at the very least, show me where you’re going. | 好吧 最起码你要告诉我你去哪里 |
[1:47:31] | Past the perimeter. Here. | 经过边界 这儿 |
[1:47:34] | There are dozens of barricades in this part of the city. | 那里有许多街垒 |
[1:47:37] | Anything could happen. We have no control in this area. | 任何事都可能发生 这个区域我们控制不了 |
[1:47:41] | it’s under control, sir. | 都在掌握之中 长官 |
[1:47:50] | As soon as it’s dark we’ll go through the barrier. Hundreds are fleeing. | 天一黑我们就穿过路障 成百上千的人在逃跑 |
[1:47:54] | Police don’t care who leaves. They’re more concerned about people coming in. | 警方不管离开的人 他们更关心进去的人 |
[1:47:58] | So it’s a perfect opportunity. Cosette, please! | 这是个大好的机会 珂赛特 快点 |
[1:48:02] | How bad is the fighting? | 战况有多激烈 |
[1:48:04] | l didn’t go anywhere near it. l went the other way. | 我不会走近那里 我们绕道走 |
[1:48:08] | – What are they saying? – No one really knows what’s happening. | -他们怎么说 -没人知道到底发生了什么事 |
[1:48:12] | The streets are full of barricades, and everyone says something different. | 街道上到处都是街垒 而每个人说得都不一样 |
[1:48:16] | Whatever the truth is, a lot of people will die tonight. | 不管实际情况怎么样 今晚很多人会死掉 |
[1:48:19] | ls it too dangerous for us to wait here until the morning? | 若我们等到明天早上是不是很危险 |
[1:48:34] | You saw the barricades. | 你也看见那些街垒的 |
[1:48:38] | l promised l’d wait. | 我答应过他我会等 |
[1:48:40] | Even if he can’t come, l have to wait. | 即使他不来 我也要等 |
[1:48:42] | – lt hurts this much? – l’m sorry. | -很心痛吗 -对不起 |
[1:48:46] | I’ve known him for only a few weeks. That’s what you’re thinking. | 我认识他才几个星期 你肯定是这么想的 |
[1:48:49] | That l’m only a silly girl, that he’s little more than a stranger. | 我是个傻姑娘 跟他不怎么认识 |
[1:48:52] | But that’s not how l feel. | 但我不这么想 |
[1:48:55] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[1:48:58] | l do. | 我真的明白 |
[1:49:08] | Papers. | 证件 |
[1:49:12] | Right. | 好了 |
[1:49:54] | Marius, not tonight. | 马里尤斯 今晚别去 |
[1:49:58] | One hour. I’ll be gone one hour. | 一小时 我只去一小时 |
[1:50:07] | – l found my boys! – WeIl done, Gavroche. | -我找到我的孩子们了 -干得好 伽弗洛什 |
[1:50:36] | The law is here to protect you, Cosette… | 珂赛特 这儿有法律保护你 |
[1:50:39] | from criminals like this scum. | 免受渣滓一样的罪犯伤害 |
[1:50:45] | ls VaIjean here? ls he alone? | 冉阿让在吗 他是一个人吗 |
[1:50:48] | I’ll never tell you anything. | 我什么都不会说 |
[1:50:50] | Do you know who and what you’re protecting? | 你知道你在维护着什么人吗 |
[1:50:52] | Didn’t he tell you he’s really just a common thief? | 他没和你讲过他只是个低劣的贼吗 |
[1:50:55] | – l know who he is. – Oh, yes? Did he tell you who you are? | -我知道他是谁 -哦 是吗 他有讲你是谁了吗 |
[1:50:59] | Did he teIl you you’re a bastard child? | 他没说你是个私生子吗 |
[1:51:01] | Did he tell you your mother was a whore? | 他没说你母亲是个妓女吗 |
[1:51:11] | Give it to me. You’ll be breaking the law. There’lI be no turning back. | 你这么做是犯法的 把枪还给我 否则就无法回头了 |
[1:51:18] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[1:51:24] | Chief lnspector Javert. | 总督察沙威 |
[1:51:26] | lf you surrender now, things will go better for you and her. | 如果你现在投降 对你和她都有好处 |
[1:51:28] | Surrender? l’m taking you to f ace the people’s justice. | 投降 我要带你去面对人民的审判 |
[1:51:36] | At the barricades? | 在街垒里面 |
[1:51:39] | You fool. Don’t you know your revolution has no chance? | 笨蛋 难道你不知道你们的革命一点机会都没有吗 |
[1:51:43] | lf we die, you die with us. | 如果我们死 你也要和我们一起死 |
[1:51:48] | Good-bye, Marius. | 再见 马里尤斯 |
[1:51:52] | l love you, Cosette. | 我爱你 珂赛特 |
[1:51:58] | Go on! | 走 |
[1:52:06] | He came to say good-bye. | 他是来说再见的 |
[1:52:10] | He loves me, Papa. | 他爱我 爸爸 |
[1:52:29] | Take her to our old house. | 带她去我们的老房子 |
[1:52:32] | it’s going to be all right. l promise you. | 一切会平安无事的 我保证 |
[1:53:45] | So here we are. | 我们都在这儿了 |
[1:53:47] | l was right. | 我猜对了 |
[1:53:50] | You know him? | 你认识他 |
[1:53:52] | When we have a spare bulIet, we’re going to kilI him. | 等只剩一发子弹的时候 我们就杀了他 |
[1:54:14] | What are you doing here? Where’s Cosette? | 你怎么在这儿 珂赛特呢 |
[1:54:17] | Waiting for you in the house where you fell in love. | 在你们相爱的房子里等着你 |
[1:54:21] | – Go to her. – I can’t. | -去找她吧 -不行 |
[1:54:23] | – Go to her. – Not now. | -去找她 -现在不行 |
[1:54:25] | She’s your future. | 她是你的将来 |
[1:54:27] | lf we can’t win here, then none of us have a future. | 如果我们打输了 这儿没有人会有将来 |
[1:54:29] | You have love. That’s the only future God gives us. | 你有爱 这是上帝给与我们的唯一的期望 |
[1:54:36] | Go. | 去吧 |
[1:54:40] | Gavroche! Get back! | 伽弗洛什 回来 |
[1:54:45] | – l need bullets! – Gavroche! Get back here! | -我需要弹药 -伽弗洛什 快点回来 |
[1:54:50] | Come back! | 回来 |
[1:54:51] | – Get back here! – Gavroche! Come back! | -回到这里来 -伽弗洛什 回来 |
[1:55:12] | Papa! | 爸爸 |
[1:55:22] | – Let’s do it now. – You proud of your work? | -我们现在就下手 -你感到满意了吧 |
[1:55:25] | You’re next. | 你是下一个 |
[1:55:31] | Let me do it. | 让我来吧 |
[1:55:36] | You kilI him in the aIley. | 你到巷子里去干掉他 |
[1:55:39] | We don’t want his blood in here with ours. | 我们不想让他的血和我们的混在一起 |
[1:55:54] | A knife. That’s right. | 用刀 好极了 |
[1:55:57] | – lt suits you better. – Why, Javert? | -这更适合你 -为什么 沙威 |
[1:55:59] | Why couldn’t you leave me alone? l’m nothing! l’m no one! | 为什么你就不能放过我 我一无是处 是小人物 |
[1:56:02] | Yes. But you’ve managed to beat me. | 是的 但你曾设法击败过我 |
[1:56:05] | I’m not trying to beat you! | 我不想击败你 |
[1:56:07] | – l want to live in peace! – Then hurry up and do it. | -我只想过安静的日子 -那就快动手吧 |
[1:56:09] | Your friends need you. | 你的朋友们需要你 |
[1:56:29] | That way, through the gate. | 穿过大门 向那边走 |
[1:56:31] | You’ll be safe. | 你就会安全了 |
[1:56:33] | – You’re going to shoot me in the back. – l’m letting you go. | -你想在后面开枪射我 -我要放你走 |
[1:56:38] | You’d better hurry. They won’t be merciful. | 你要快点 他们不会心慈手软的 |
[1:56:43] | Go on. | 走吧 |
[1:56:46] | You should kill me. | 你应该杀掉我 |
[1:56:50] | l won’t stop. | 我不会善罢甘休的 |
[1:56:52] | Understand? | 明白吗 |
[1:56:54] | l won’t let you go. | 我不会放过你的 |
[1:56:58] | You should end this. | 你应该结束这一切 |
[1:57:05] | Kill me. | 杀了我吧 |
[1:57:16] | You’re dead, Javert. | 你已经死了 沙威 |
[1:57:31] | – Everybody, get back! – Move it on through! | -所有人后退 -快点后撤 |
[1:57:42] | On the back wall there! | 后墙那儿 |
[1:58:04] | Surrender, men! | 投降吧 |
[1:58:11] | – Surrender! – Surrender or be shot! | -投降 -投降否则会被枪毙 |
[1:58:19] | Stand. | 站好 |
[1:58:25] | Turn and follow me! | 转过来跟着我 |
[1:58:39] | You men in there, take that doorway! | 你的人去那里 把门踢开 |
[1:58:46] | Come on. Do it! Jump! | 快点 跳 |
[1:58:58] | Let’s be quick about it! | 动作快点 |
[1:59:01] | Long live the republic! | 共和国万岁 |
[1:59:26] | – You two, look on the roof. – Yes, sir. | -你们两个 去检查屋顶 -是的 长官 |
[1:59:35] | Get some ladders. Hurry! | 去找些梯子来 快点 |
[1:59:56] | – This way. – He’s smarter than that. | -这边 -他可没那么傻 |
[1:59:59] | He’lI go downhilI to the river. Come on. | 他会往下走到河边 来吧 |
[2:00:21] | it’s all right. it’s all right. Come on. | 没事了 没事的 |
[2:00:34] | Come on. Help me. You must help me. | 来 帮帮我 你必须使点劲 |
[2:00:40] | Push. | 使劲 |
[2:01:30] | ls he allve? | 他还活着吗 |
[2:01:53] | Careful. | 小心 |
[2:02:02] | -He needs a doctor. -To make him healthy for a firing squad? | -他需要个医生 -让他养好身体等待行刑队吗 |
[2:02:05] | Come on, Javert. You know there’ll be an amnesty in a few days. | 好了 沙威你知道几天后就会有大赦的 |
[2:02:08] | – it’s me you want. – Yes. | -你想抓的是我 -对 |
[2:02:10] | Arrest me. Let him go. | 抓我吧 把他放了 |
[2:02:17] | – ls that all you care about? – You’ve caught me. | -你关心的就是这些吗 -你已经抓到我了 |
[2:02:20] | That’s what you care about. | 这就是你所关心的 |
[2:02:29] | Let him take the boy where he wants. Then bring him back here to me. | 让他把男孩带到他想去的地方 然后把他送回来 |
[2:03:07] | He’ll live. Toussaint– | 他会活下来的 图桑 |
[2:03:09] | – Find a doctor. – Yes, monsieur. | -去找个医生 -是的 先生 |
[2:03:12] | Take some money. Promise him any amount he wants. | 带多点钱去 随他开价 |
[2:03:15] | – Yes, monsieur. – Go! | -是的 先生 -快去 |
[2:03:32] | l promised l would give you this. | 我答应会把这个交给你 |
[2:03:41] | lt was your mother’s. | 是你妈妈的 |
[2:03:53] | She was a good woman. l Ioved her, Cosette. | 她是个好人 我爱她 珂赛特 |
[2:04:04] | I’ve told you everything. Take care of him. Live a happy life. | 我把一切都告诉你了 照顾好他 活得开心点 |
[2:04:08] | l made an arrangement, my dear. | 我还另有安排 亲爱的 |
[2:04:11] | l have to go. | 我得走了 |
[2:04:13] | – Promise me you’lI be happy. – No! Not like this, Papa! | -答应我你会幸福的 -不 不要这样 爸爸 |
[2:04:17] | This is right, my dear. l stole something. l did. | 这样做是对的 亲爱的 我确实偷了东西 |
[2:04:21] | l stole happiness with you. I don’t mind paying. | 我偷走了你的幸福我愿意还给你 |
[2:04:25] | Go to him. He’s your life now. | 去他那儿吧 他将和你一起生活 |
[2:05:27] | Bring him here. | 把他带到这儿 |
[2:05:35] | That is an important memo for the prefect. | 这是给上级长官的一份重要备忘录 |
[2:05:38] | lt will explain what I’ve done with the prisoner. | 里面会说明我怎么处理这个囚犯 |
[2:05:40] | Make sure he sees it before breakf ast. | 要保证他在早餐前看到这个 |
[2:05:48] | l’m gIad l had time to myself. | 我很高兴终于有了自己的时间 |
[2:05:51] | l needed to think… | 我需要考虑 |
[2:05:53] | about what you deserve. | 你应受到怎样的惩罚 |
[2:05:56] | You’re a difficuIt problem. | 你的情况很特别 |
[2:06:01] | – Move to the edge. – Why aren’t you taking me in? | -到台阶上去 -你为什么不干掉我 |
[2:06:05] | You’re my prisoner. Do what l tell you! | 你是我的犯人 照我说的做 |
[2:06:07] | You don’t understand the importance of the Iaw. | 你不明白法律的重要性 |
[2:06:11] | I’ve given you an order. Obey it. | 我已经给了你指令 遵守它 |
[2:06:23] | Why didn’t you kiIl me? | 你为什么不杀了我 |
[2:06:27] | I don’t have the right to kill you. | 我没有权力杀你 |
[2:06:30] | But you hate me. | 但你憎恨我 |
[2:06:32] | I don’t hate you. | 我不恨你 |
[2:06:36] | I don’t feel anything. | 我没有任何感觉 |
[2:06:39] | You don’t want to go back to the quarries, do you? | 你不想回到采石场 对吧 |
[2:06:53] | Then for once we agree. | 我们总算有共同点了 |
[2:06:57] | l’m going to spare you from a life in prison, Jean Valjean. | 我会使你终身监禁的 冉阿让 |
[2:07:02] | it’s a pity the rules don’t allow me to be merciful. | 真可惜 法律不允许我仁慈 |
[2:07:16] | I’ve tried to live my life without breaking a single rule. | 我试图毕生都不越轨 |
[2:07:26] | You’re free. | 你自由了 |