英文名称:Lean on Me
年代:1989
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:13] | Fair eastside | 美丽的易斯特赛德 |
[00:15] | by thy side we’ll stand | 我们会站在一起 在你身边 |
[00:18] | and always praise thy name | 一直都在 歌颂着你的名字 |
[00:23] | and ever lend our hearts and hands | 奉献出我们的爱心 和双手 |
[00:29] | to help increase thy fame | 以增添你的美誉 |
[00:34] | the honor of old eastside high | 古老的易斯特赛德高中的荣耀 |
[00:40] | brings forth our loyalty | 承载着我们的忠诚 |
[00:45] | so cheer for dear old eastside high | 所以 欢呼吧 为我们亲爱的易斯特赛德高中 |
[00:50] | lead on to victory | 直至最后的胜利 |
[00:55] | man: As the tension mounts throughout the free world, | 现在这的气氛很紧张 形势很严峻 |
[00:57] | the ladies have a surprising 15-0 lead over the boys. | 女孩们已经超出男孩 15-0 |
[01:01] | Now next question, bonus question for 20 points. | 现在下一个问题是 20分的加分题 |
[01:04] | What is the origin of our civil rights? | 我们公民权利的起源是什么? |
[01:10] | The magna carta. | 是《大宪章》 |
[01:12] | No, tom, no. | 不 汤姆 不是的 |
[01:13] | Ellen, take it. | 艾伦 你来回答 |
[01:15] | English common law. | 英国普通法 |
[01:17] | 20-point bonus. | 加20分 |
[01:18] | Boys lose 10 points for ringing the bell | 男孩们因为不知道答案鸣钟了而失去了10分 |
[01:21] | without knowing the answer. It’s a 10-point loss. | 这可是10分的损失啊 |
[01:23] | The magna carta was a document guaranteeing rights, | 《大宪章》是一个文件 保障性的权利 |
[01:26] | but the rights of whom? Uh, stacey. | 但又保障了谁的权益呢? 嗯 史黛丝 |
[01:28] | The aristocracy. | 贵族的权益 |
[01:29] | 10-point bonus for the girls. | 为女孩们加10分 |
[01:32] | The aristocracy vis-a-vis the king. | 贵族 国王的拥戴者 |
[01:35] | The people got their rights from the common well. | 平民从哪里获得权益呢 |
[01:38] | The common well. Hence… come on, who knows? | 那么平民呢? ..好吧 谁知道呢? |
[01:41] | Uh… anthony. | 嗯 安东尼 |
[01:43] | Commonwealth? | 是联邦吧? |
[01:44] | 10-point bonus for the boys. | 男生加10分 |
[01:47] | Good, but, guys, watch out. | 好样的 但是 伙计们注意了 |
[01:48] | Girls have a 45-0 lead. You’re not doing too well. | 女孩们以45-0领先你们 你们得加油了 |
[01:53] | Next two. Come on. Quickly. | 下两个问题 加油吧 快点 |
[01:55] | All right. Here we go. | 好的 我们开始了 |
[01:57] | Bonus question for 10 points. | 加分题 10分 |
[01:59] | Define the word “imbrue.” | 给“imbrues”这个单词下定义 |
[02:01] | Aha. I’ll spell it for you. | 啊哈 我给你拼出来 |
[02:04] | I-m-b-r-u-e. Imbrue. | |
[02:11] | Mr. Clark, could your class spare you for a minute? | 克拉克先生 能否占用你两分钟 |
[02:14] | Surely. Kids, take your seats. Quickly. | 当然可以 孩子们 回到你们座位上 快点 |
[02:17] | Come on. Quickly. | 快点 |
[02:18] | Take out your pencils. Write this down. | 拿出你们的铅笔 把这个写下来 |
[02:22] | Imbrue-to taint, to stain. | 污染 侵蚀 玷污 |
[02:28] | The cancer of racism | 种族歧视的肿瘤 |
[02:32] | imbrues our national character. | 污染着我们民族精神 |
[02:38] | It stains the spirit, | 侵蚀着我们的思想 |
[02:40] | taints the soul. | 玷污我们的灵魂 |
[02:44] | It is a blot, | 它是我们民族的污点 |
[02:46] | a shameful, greasy spot | 我们民族良心上的一个 可耻的恶心的污点 |
[02:50] | on the fabric of our national conscience. | |
[02:53] | Imbrue-to taint, to stain. | 污染 侵蚀 玷污 |
[02:59] | 30 words tomorrow. Test. | 明天 三十个字的测试 |
[03:06] | What’s the matter? | 什么事? |
[03:08] | They’re holding a meeting | 正在开会 |
[03:09] | of the union executive board. | 工会执行委员会 |
[03:11] | Without us? | 没有我? |
[03:12] | They didn’t tell me, either. | 他们也没有告诉我 |
[03:14] | I told you we couldn’t trust them. | 我告诉你 我不会相信他们 |
[03:16] | Keep it down. | 冷静点 |
[03:18] | Those no-good bastards sell us out- | 那些王八蛋为了从工会捞好处 |
[03:20] | out of a union we started? | 出卖我们 |
[03:22] | Betray us like a bunch of judases? | 就像犹太人出卖我们一样 |
[03:24] | They won’t crucify me. | 他们休想钉死我 |
[03:26] | No, sir. I got the hammer and nails. | 不是的 先生 我已经准备好了锤子和钉子 |
[03:29] | I won’t be anybody’s martyr, frank. | 我不会成为任何人牺牲品 |
[03:32] | I’m sick and tired of spineless jellyfish. | 我为那些懦弱的人感到恶心 |
[03:34] | Save it for the meeting. | 为了会议 省点力吧 |
[03:36] | Why, man? I got plenty. | 为什么? 我有的是力气 |
[03:38] | I’m the rockefeller of outrage. | 我是愤怒的洛克菲勒 |
[03:41] | What the hell are you people doing? | 你们这群人在干什么? |
[03:43] | We’re having a meeting. | 我们在开会 |
[03:44] | You’re selling us out. | 你们在出卖我们 |
[03:46] | We cannot have an effective voice. | 我们不能有强有力的声音 |
[03:49] | Our curriculum will be impotent | 那我们的情形会很糟糕 |
[03:51] | if we sell out every time they threaten us. | 如果他们一威胁 我们就让步 |
[03:54] | You want to talk, about this, call me in | 你们应该告诉我们 让我加入 |
[03:56] | we have to stick together. | 我们一起努力 |
[03:58] | What we have to do is pay our bills. | 做我们该做的事 就像吃饭付账一样 |
[04:00] | You want to carry picket signs. | 你想要举着标牌示威 |
[04:02] | We just want to work. | 我们只想工作 |
[04:04] | We’re tired of the agitation, | 我们厌倦了煽动和 |
[04:06] | the posturing of crazy- | 狂人的姿态 |
[04:09] | how can you talk about posturing | 你怎么能说姿态呢? |
[04:11] | when you’re always bent over | 你们总是低三下四的 |
[04:13] | kissing posteriors at the school board? | 给校董事会添屁股 |
[04:16] | You want to step outside? | 你就想撇清关系 |
[04:18] | If you had any nerve at all, | 如果你有一丁点胆 |
[04:20] | you’d be fighting on my side. | 你就会站在我这边战斗 |
[04:22] | Mr. Clark, i’m afraid that’s a moot point. | 克拉克先生 这恐怕不实际 |
[04:24] | We just found out that the board of education | 我们刚刚知道 教育委员会 |
[04:27] | will grant our salary increments | 将给我们加薪 |
[04:29] | if we agree to accept their condition | 如果我们接受他们的条件 |
[04:31] | that you be transferred to school 6, | 也就是你将被调到第6小学 |
[04:34] | and we agreed. | 我们同意了 |
[04:42] | God bless you, man. | 上帝保佑你们 |
[04:46] | Pay your bills. | 付你们的帐去吧 |
[04:51] | Joe. | 乔 |
[04:52] | They can go to hell. | 他们会下地狱的 |
[04:54] | Come on, joe. | 别这样 乔 |
[04:56] | This place deserves exactly what it gets. | 这学校活该倒霉 |
[05:46] | Welcome to the jungle | 欢迎来到危险地带 |
[05:48] | we got fun and games | 我们有快乐有游戏 |
[05:50] | we got everything you want | 我们可以给你任何想要的 |
[05:53] | honey, we know the names | 亲爱的 我知道你的名字 |
[05:54] | we are the people that can find | 我们就是那些人 |
[05:56] | whatever you may need | 可以为你找到任何你需要的行东西 |
[05:58] | if you’ve got the money, honey | 如果你有钱了 亲爱的 |
[06:00] | we got your disease | 我们让你沦陷 在这里 |
[06:02] | in the jungle, welcome to the jungle | 欢迎来到我们的危险地带 |
[06:05] | want to bring you to your n-n-n-n knees, knees | 带到你的膝下 |
[06:09] | i want to watch you bleed | 我想看到你流血 |
[06:12] | welcome to the jungle | 欢迎来到我们的危险地带 |
[06:14] | we take it day by day | 我们就这样 一天又一天 |
[06:16] | and if you want, you’re gonna bleed | 如果你希望这样 那就得流血 |
[06:18] | but this is the price you pay | 这是你要付的代价 |
[06:22] | aah! | 啊哈 |
[06:28] | In the jungle, welcome to the jungle | 在这丛林里 欢迎来到危险地带 |
[06:37] | it’s all right. | 没事 |
[06:39] | Shh. It’s all right. | 嘘,没事 |
[06:41] | It’s all right. | It’s all right. 没事 |
[06:44] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[06:46] | Go back to your class. | 回去 去你的教室 |
[06:48] | Leave me alone! | 让我一个人呆着 |
[06:49] | Welcome to the jungle | 欢迎来到丛林 |
[06:51] | it gets worse here every day | 这里一天比一天糟 |
[06:53] | learn to live like an animal | 学会像动物一样的生活 |
[06:54] | in the jungle where we play | 在我们玩乐的丛林了 |
[06:56] | you got to remember what you see | 你要记住 你看到的 |
[06:59] | you’ll take it eventually | 你最终会接受的 |
[07:01] | you can have anything you want | 你可以拥有任何你想要的 |
[07:03] | but you better not take it from me | 但最好不是从我这里得到 |
[07:04] | in the jungle | 在这个丛林里 |
[07:06] | welcome to the jungle | 欢迎来到丛林 |
[07:07] | want to bring you to your n-n-n-n-knees, knees | |
[07:13] | what’s up, brian? | 怎么了 布莱恩 |
[07:15] | I’m gonna watch you bleed | 我想看到你流血 |
[07:25] | when you’re high | 当你在高处时 |
[07:27] | you never, ever want to come down | 你永远也不要下来 |
[07:31] | so down, so down | |
[07:35] | so down | |
[07:38] | yeah, oh | |
[08:25] | yo! Where’s my money? | 我的钱呢? |
[08:27] | I said, where’s my money? | 我说,我的钱在哪? |
[08:29] | Where’s my money? | 我的钱呢 |
[08:30] | Hey, hey, hey. | 嘿嘿嘿 |
[08:32] | Stop it, stop it, stop it. | 停下 停下… |
[08:46] | In the jungle, welcome to the jungle | |
[08:49] | want to bring you to your n-n-n-n-knees, knees | |
[08:54] | in the jungle | |
[08:55] | welcome to the jungle | |
[08:57] | want to bring you to your | |
[08:58] | it’s gonna bring you down | 我要扳动你 |
[09:01] | huh | |
[09:04] | don’t make me fight you, man. | 别让我挑战你 |
[09:07] | Get in the locker. | 进来储物柜 |
[09:08] | Come on, man. | 过来 |
[09:10] | You’re messing up my books. | 你搞乱了我的书 |
[09:12] | I’m gonna- | |
[09:13] | markus, what are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[09:15] | Let him out. | 让他出来 |
[09:17] | He lives in there. He likes it. | 他住在里面 他喜欢 |
[09:22] | Somebody! | 来人啊 |
[09:25] | Somebody help! | Somebody help! 来人啊 来人啊 |
[09:28] | Help somebody, please. | 求你们了 |
[09:30] | Help! Help me! | 救命 救我 |
[09:34] | Let me out! | 让我出去 |
[09:37] | Somebody help! | 来人啊 |
[09:40] | Please, let me out! | 拜托 让我出去 |
[09:42] | Let me out, please! Help! | 让我出去 拜托 来人 |
[09:45] | Somebody let me out! | 让我出去 |
[09:47] | I can’t breathe! | 我不能呼吸了 |
[09:52] | Somebody let me out, please! | 拜托 来人啊 让我出去 |
[09:55] | Somebody help me, please! | 来人啊 帮帮我 |
[09:58] | I can’t breathe! | 我不能呼吸了 |
[09:59] | Somebody open up the door! | 来人啊 开开门啊 |
[10:04] | Open the door, please! | 开门 拜托了 |
[10:05] | Somebody let me out! | 来人啊 让我出去 |
[10:07] | I just don’t goddamn believe it. | 我真的不敢相信 |
[10:10] | I’ve got an election coming up, | 我就要参加选举了 |
[10:13] | and you hit me with this now? | 而你却告诉我这么惊人的消息 |
[10:15] | The state report came from trenton just now. | 政府的报告刚从特伦顿过来 |
[10:19] | And we… well, actually, they ranked the schools. | 实际上 他们做了学校排名 |
[10:22] | We were last in the state. | 我们是这个州的最后一名 |
[10:24] | Oh, that’s a crock. | 噢 真糟糕 |
[10:26] | They can’t just take my schools away. | 他们不能抢走我的学校 |
[10:29] | You’re quite right. | 你说的对 |
[10:31] | That’s what i thought. | 我也是这么想的 |
[10:32] | But, well, no, see, now, actually, they can. | 但是 不 知道吗? 现在他们是可以的 |
[10:35] | What? | 什么 |
[10:37] | The house passed a bill last week. | 议院上周通过的一个法案 |
[10:40] | 75% of high school students | 75%的高校学生 |
[10:42] | must pass the minimum basic skills test, | 必须通过基本技能测试 |
[10:45] | or the state takes control by the end of the school year. | 否则年底将由州政府接管学校 |
[10:47] | Well, how many passed last year? | 那么去年有多少学生通过了? |
[10:50] | About 38%. | 大约38% |
[10:52] | 38%? | |
[10:53] | What in god’s name are they doing | 他们在伊斯特赛德都在做了什么啊? |
[10:56] | down there at eastside? | |
[10:58] | They were your appointees, don. | 他们都听你的指派 先生 |
[11:00] | Don’t try pinning this on me. | 不要怪我 |
[11:03] | You’re the superintendent | 你是学校的监督人 |
[11:04] | of schools, remember? | 别忘了 |
[11:06] | Now, look, i’m not going down the tubes | 现在 我可不想 因为这群 |
[11:09] | just because those kids | 不能通过考试的孩子 |
[11:11] | can’t pass some test. | 而毁了我的前途 |
[11:13] | It’s a can of worms, don. | 这可是个马蜂窝 先生 |
[11:16] | The only person who would take this job | 唯一能接管这工作的人 |
[11:18] | is someone with nothing to lose | 是那些无所畏惧的人 |
[11:19] | then the question becomes what would we want with him? | 另外 问题是这个人要具备哪些条件? |
[11:22] | I’m sitting here racking my brain- | 我坐在这 绞尽脑汁的想 |
[11:24] | you’re sitting there setting me up. | 你坐在那想着算计我 |
[11:26] | I know you like a book. | 我太了解你了 |
[11:31] | No, wait a minute. | 不 等一下 |
[11:34] | No! | 不 |
[11:35] | No, no, no, no, no, not that nut! No! | 不 不是那个怪人 不是 |
[11:39] | No way! | 绝对不是 |
[11:41] | He’s the only guy i can think of. | 我唯一能想到的就是他 |
[11:56] | Oh, lord help us. | 上帝保佑我们 |
[12:03] | Derrick, derrick, slow down, now. | 德瑞克 慢点 慢点 |
[12:05] | I am, mr. Clark. | 好的 克拉克先生 |
[12:07] | Slow down! | 慢点 |
[12:09] | Bye, mr. Clark. | 再见 克拉克先生 |
[12:10] | So long, kids. | 再见 孩子们 |
[12:12] | Hey, joe. | 嘿 乔 |
[12:13] | Am i in trouble? You gotta bring your lawyer? | 我有什么麻烦了么? 还带着你的律师来 |
[12:16] | Rosenberg. | 罗斯伯格 |
[12:17] | Joe. Hot for october. | 乔 十月份了 好热 |
[12:19] | How’s it going over here? | 在这怎么样啊 |
[12:21] | Ok. Same old, same old. | 老样子 |
[12:23] | What brings you down? | 你怎么来了 |
[12:25] | We came from the mayor’s office. | 我从市长的办公室过来的 |
[12:27] | They need a new principal at eastside high. | 易斯特赛德高中需要一个新校长 |
[12:29] | Gotta get those test scores up. | 需要提高学生的成绩 |
[12:31] | He specifically thought of you. | 他想到了你 |
[12:33] | Sure. | 当然 |
[12:34] | Ok. I thought of you. | 好吧 是我想到了你 |
[12:36] | All this time i been stuck down here, | 这么长时间 我一直呆在这儿 |
[12:39] | and you ask me now, frank. | 你现在又来找我 法兰克 |
[12:41] | I’m not a miracle worker, joe. | 都是我的错 乔 |
[12:43] | Hello, dr. Napier. | 嘿 奈皮亚博士 |
[12:44] | Mr. Clark, the girls | 克拉克先生 |
[12:46] | need that room for baking class. | 女生还要用那间教室上烘烤课 |
[12:49] | We continue to find gum under the desks. | 我们发现在课桌下面有口香糖 |
[12:52] | I’ll make an announcement in the morning. | 我明天早上 可以声明一下 |
[12:54] | Will that satisfy you? | 可以吗? |
[12:55] | Mrs. Hamilton, you know mr. Rosenberg, | 汉密顿夫人 你认识罗斯伯格吗? |
[12:57] | the school board attorney. | 学校董事会的律师 |
[12:58] | Yes. How are you, mr. Rosenberg? | 是的 你好 罗斯伯格先生 |
[12:59] | Excuse us, mrs. Hamilton. | 不好意思 汉密顿夫人 |
[13:01] | Dr. Napier wants to inspect our new sandbox. | 柰皮亚博士 想看看我们的新沙池 |
[13:03] | Our sandbox? I didn’t mean to interrupt. | 我们的沙池? 那我不打扰你们了 |
[13:06] | Good seeing you, dr. Napier. | 很高心捡到你 奈皮亚博士 |
[13:08] | Yes, yes. | 好的 |
[13:09] | Forget about what happened before. | 忘记之前发生的事 |
[13:11] | This is a chance to make changes, | 这是个改变现状的机会 |
[13:13] | stop blowing smoke up each other’s butts, | 我们不要互相指责了 |
[13:15] | see if we can turn this thing around. | 看看我们如何能改变现状 |
[13:17] | You mean nobody else wants the job? | 你意思除了我,没有别人想干这工作 |
[13:19] | Nobody i’d want. | 不 是我不想要别人干 |
[13:21] | You add my name to the list. | 那你把我的名字家加到列表中 |
[13:23] | You’re bullshit. | 你胡扯 |
[13:25] | Don’t talk to me about saving those kids. | 别再跟我讨论如何拯救那群孩子 |
[13:27] | The mayor wants to save his budget, | 市长只知道节省预算 |
[13:29] | and you want to save your ass. | 而你只知道保住你的职位 |
[13:31] | Well, so what. | 经此而已 |
[13:32] | You want the truth, joe? | 你要听实话么 乔 |
[13:33] | Yeah, frank. Let’s have some truth. | 是的 法兰克 我要听实话 |
[13:34] | For all your talk | 你何曾为你说过的话 |
[13:36] | and all your crazy joe routine, | 为你疯狂的路线 |
[13:39] | what have you done? Nothing! | 做过什么? 没有 |
[13:40] | You’re nothing but an insignificant man! | 你只不过是个无辜紧要的人 |
[13:42] | It’s like you were never born. | 就像从没有出生过一样 |
[13:44] | Your life hasn’t made any difference. | 一生毫无意义 |
[13:45] | Neither has mine. | 我也一样一事无成 |
[13:47] | Want to take that to the grave. | 把这些带进坟墓吧 |
[14:24] | We want to welcome mr. Clark to eastside. | 我们要欢迎克拉克先生来到易斯特赛德高中 |
[14:27] | We’ve heard so much about you. | 我们久仰你的大名 |
[14:29] | In anticipation of your arrival, | 期待着您的到来 |
[14:31] | ms. Levias, your other vice principal, and i | 我和副校长利维尔斯夫人 |
[14:34] | have appointed an executive committee | 已经指定了一个委员会 |
[14:37] | to oversee certain areas | 监督学校的特定领域 |
[14:38] | where we have noted a need for improvement- | 以促进教学工作的改进 |
[14:41] | you may sit down, mr. O’malley. | 你可以坐下来 奥莫利先生 |
[14:49] | You think you can run this school? | 你认为你能管这个学校? |
[14:54] | If you could, | 如果你可以 |
[14:55] | then i wouldn’t be here, would i? | 我就不会在这了 对吧? |
[14:59] | No one talks in my meetings. | 不需要在我的会议上发言 |
[15:02] | No one! | 一个也不要 |
[15:05] | Take out your pencils and write. | 拿出你们的笔 给我写 |
[15:07] | I want the names of every hoodlum, | 我要学校每一个流氓 |
[15:10] | drug dealer, and miscreant | 毒贩 恶棍的名单 |
[15:12] | who’s done nothing | |
[15:14] | but take this place apart | 以及哪些无所事事的人 |
[15:16] | on my desk by noon today. | 在中午前 放到我的办公桌上 |
[15:21] | Reverend slappy. | 瑞福伦德 斯莱比 |
[15:22] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[15:24] | You’re now the chief custodian. | 你现在是总管 |
[15:26] | You will scour this building clean. | 我要你清洗整栋楼 |
[15:28] | Graffiti goes up, it’s off the next day. | 所有涂鸦 必须今天全部清理完 |
[15:31] | Yes, sir. The very next day. | 是的 先生 今天完成 |
[15:33] | Detention students can help you. | 被罚留校的学生可以帮助你 |
[15:34] | Let them scrub this place for a while. | 让他们帮你清洗这个地方 |
[15:37] | And tear down those cages in the cafeteria. | 把餐厅里面的栏杆拆掉 |
[15:40] | You treat them like animals, | 你们把学生当成动物对待 |
[15:42] | that’s exactly how they’ll behave. | 他们自然就像动物一样 |
[15:46] | This is my new dean of security, | 这是我的新安全主任 |
[15:49] | mr. William wright. | 威廉莱特先生 |
[15:51] | He will be my avenging angel | 他将是我们的守护神 |
[15:53] | as you teachers reclaim the halls. | 你们老师要管好学生 |
[15:56] | This is an institution of learning. | 这是一个学府 |
[15:58] | If you can’t control it, how can you teach? | 如果你们控制不了 还怎么教书? |
[16:05] | Discipline is not the enemy of enthusiasm. | 我们不但要有纪律 还要有热情 |
[16:10] | Mr. Zirella. | 易雷拉先生 |
[16:11] | Yes? | 是的 |
[16:14] | Mr. Zirella, you are now my new head football coach. | 易雷拉先生 我任命你为新的足球教练 |
[16:18] | Mr. Darnell. | 达奈尔先生 |
[16:20] | Stand up, | mr. Darnell.站起来 达奈尔先生 |
[16:22] | Mr. Darnell will be your assistant. | 达奈尔先生将成为你的助理 |
[16:25] | You know why you’re being demoted? | 你知道我为什么降你的职么 |
[16:28] | Because i’m sick and tired | 我已经厌倦了 |
[16:29] | of our football team getting pushed all over the field. | 我们学校的球队没完没了的输球了 |
[16:32] | Thank you. Sit down. | 谢谢 请坐 |
[16:33] | I want precision. | 我需要精确性 |
[16:35] | I want a weight program. | 我要一个减肥计划 |
[16:37] | If you don’t like it, mr. Darnell, quit. | 达奈尔先生 如果你不喜欢 你也可以走人 |
[16:40] | Same goes for the rest of you. | 其他人也一样 |
[16:42] | You’ve tried it your way for years. | 你们已经教了这么多年了 |
[16:45] | Your students can’t pass a minimum basic skills test. | 你们的学生连基本技能考试都无法通过 |
[16:48] | That means they can hardly read! | 这意味着他们根本不能读书 |
[16:57] | They’ve given me less than one year, | 他们只给我不到一年的时间 |
[17:01] | one school year to turn this place around, | 一年的时间来改变这所学校 |
[17:04] | to get those test scores up | 让学生的分数提高 |
[17:06] | so the state will not take us over | 以不让政府接管学校 |
[17:09] | to perform the task which you have failed to do- | 代替你们来教育我们的孩子 |
[17:13] | to educate our children! | |
[17:17] | Forget about the way it used to be. | 现在抛弃你们的老规矩 |
[17:19] | It’s not a damn democracy. | 现在没有什么该死的明主 |
[17:21] | We’re in a state of emergency, | 你们现在处在紧要关头 |
[17:24] | and my word is law! | 我的话就是法律 |
[17:26] | There’s only one boss in this place, | 我是这唯一的老板 |
[17:29] | and that’s me, the h-n-i-c. | 这就是我 黑头子 |
[17:33] | Are there any questions? | 还有什么问题吗? |
[17:40] | Mr. Wright. | 莱特先生 |
[17:49] | The h-n-i-c? | 黑头子? |
[17:51] | The head nigger in charge. | 掌管大权的黑人 |
[17:58] | Everybody, right up here, right here. | 大家看过来 看这里 |
[18:00] | Check this out. | 请注意 |
[18:06] | When i want your body… | 当我想要你的身体 |
[18:07] | george, brian, sams, they want you onstage. | 乔治 布莱恩 山姆 你们到台上去 |
[18:11] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[18:13] | Right now. | 现在就去 |
[18:15] | Mrs. Santos, what about us? | 圣多斯夫人 我们呢? |
[18:17] | What about you? What about me? | 你?那我呢? |
[18:18] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[18:20] | I said sit down. | 我让你们坐下 |
[18:21] | What do they want us for? | 他们叫我们做什么? |
[18:24] | I don’t know. Go. | 我不知道 去看看吧 |
[18:26] | What do you got to do around here | 你在这干什么? |
[18:29] | to get picked for something? | 收拾一些东西 |
[18:31] | Maria, sit down. | 玛丽亚 坐下 |
[18:33] | Get down | 下来 |
[18:35] | get down | 下来 |
[18:38] | some guys are lame | 一些家伙是废物 |
[18:39] | they want my fame | 他们想要出名 |
[18:40] | i got a girl with juice | 我看到一可爱的妞 |
[18:42] | her name is deluce, so check it out | 她名字是迪路丝 看过来 |
[18:43] | look at chita holmes. | 看恰特 福尔摩斯 |
[18:48] | Let her check me out, man. | 不如让她看我好了 |
[18:50] | Afraid of the girlies? Flash some cash, boy. | 你怕女生么? 花点钱就好了 伙计 |
[18:53] | Want some? I’ll give you some. | 没钱么? 我给你钱 |
[18:56] | Buy her some stupid gold. | 给她买些金首饰 |
[18:58] | Step off, man. | 去你的 |
[19:00] | You’re a joke. | 你个笨蛋 |
[19:36] | Is this normal? | 这正常么? |
[19:37] | I’m afraid so. | 我觉得挺正常的 |
[19:39] | Is everybody on the list onstage? | 名单上的人都在舞台上么 |
[19:41] | Yes, sir. | 是的先生 |
[19:42] | I gave their names to homeroom teachers. | 我已经把他们的名单给班主任了 |
[19:45] | Ladies with the crabs let me hear you say yeah! | 女孩们抓到螃蟹的就尖叫吧 让我听到你们的声音 |
[19:49] | Who’s got the crabs? | 谁抓到了? |
[19:51] | Mr. Clark. | 克拉克先生 |
[19:53] | Don’t you remember me? Kaneesha. | 你不记得我了么 肯尼沙 |
[19:55] | Kaneesha, how are you, baby? | 肯尼沙 你好 孩子 |
[19:58] | You know him? | 你认识他? |
[19:59] | Oh, we go way back. | 是的 想想 |
[20:01] | Fifth grade. | 是从五年级开始的吧 |
[20:02] | Yeah. How are things going? | 是的 你好吗? |
[20:04] | Ok. | 很好 |
[20:06] | Just ok? | 很好? |
[20:07] | Listen, you have any problems, come and see me. | 听着 如果你有问题 就来找我 |
[20:11] | I’m in my office every morning at 6:00, ok? | 来我的办公室 我每天早上6点都在 好么? |
[20:14] | Ok. Good to see you. | 好 很高兴见到你 |
[20:16] | That was my elementary school principal. | 这事我小学的校长 |
[20:26] | All right, people. Settle down. | 好 同学们安静下来 请坐 |
[20:28] | Get down off the seats. | 别站在椅子上 |
[20:30] | Settle down. | 坐下来 |
[20:32] | Settle down, boys and girls. Settle down. | 请坐下 同学们 坐下来 |
[20:36] | May i have your attention? | 大家注意了 |
[20:38] | Quiet. | 安静 |
[20:41] | Quiet down. Take your seats. | 安静下来 坐到你们座位上 |
[20:44] | You people sit down. Sit down. | 大家坐下来 坐下来 |
[20:46] | Quiet down. | 安静下来 |
[20:48] | I am your new principal. | 我是你们的新校长 |
[20:51] | My name is joe clark. | 我的名字是乔 克拉克 |
[20:53] | I want you to be quiet! | 我要求你们安静 |
[20:56] | I want you to listen! | 我要你们认真听 |
[20:58] | From here out, | 从现在开始 |
[21:00] | there will be no smoking in this school! | 学校不允许抽烟 |
[21:02] | All of you who are smoking, | 所有抽烟的人 |
[21:04] | put out your cigarettes on the soles of your shoes. | 把你们的香烟踩灭 |
[21:07] | Put the butts in your pockets now! | 现在把烟头放到你们口袋 |
[21:11] | You, there. You. | 你 那里 说的就是你 |
[21:12] | Put out your cigarette. | 熄灭你的烟 |
[21:15] | I’m going to ask the people onstage | 我想请台上的同学 |
[21:18] | to open with our school song. | 唱我们的校歌 |
[21:20] | Mr. Roland. | 罗兰德先生 |
[21:21] | Boy: Do you believe this guy? | 你相信这家伙么 |
[21:24] | Go, go, sing! | 开始 开始唱吧 |
[21:25] | Suck my dick! | 唱你妹 |
[21:28] | You sing the song. You sing it. | 你唱吧 一个人唱 |
[21:38] | Joe: All right. That’s enough, mr. Roland. | 好吧 可以了 罗兰德 |
[21:41] | That’s enough. | 可以了 |
[21:45] | I want all of you to take a good look | 大家好好看看 |
[21:50] | at these people on the risers behind me. | 台上站在我身后的这些人 |
[21:53] | These people have been here up to five years | 他们在学校呆了五年了 |
[21:57] | and done absolutely nothing. | 一无是处 |
[22:03] | These people are drug dealers and drug users. | 他们贩毒 吸毒 |
[22:07] | They have taken up space. | 他们横行霸道 |
[22:10] | They have disrupted this school. | 违反校纪校规 |
[22:13] | They have harassed your teachers, | 他们侮辱老师 |
[22:14] | and they have intimidated you. | 威胁学生 |
[22:18] | Well, times are about to change. | 然而 现在是改变这种现状的时刻了 |
[22:20] | You will not be bothered in joe clark’s school. | 在乔.克拉克的学校 你们不再被人欺负 |
[22:24] | Yeah! | 耶 |
[22:25] | Shh! | |
[22:26] | These people are incorrigible, | 这些人不可救药了 |
[22:28] | and since none of them could graduate anyway, | 他们中谁也不可能毕业 |
[22:32] | you are all expurgated. | 你们都被开除了 |
[22:35] | You are dismissed. | 你们解散吧 |
[22:37] | You are out of here forever. | 永远的离开这 |
[22:39] | I wish you well. | 希望你们好自为之 |
[22:41] | Oh, shit. | 噢 狗屎 |
[22:43] | Mr. Wright. | 莱特先生 |
[22:58] | I don’t need your school. | 我不需要你的学校 |
[23:00] | I’m going in the air force, man. | 我要参加空军 |
[23:03] | Know what i’m saying? | 你知道我在说什么吗? |
[23:05] | You know what i’m saying? | 你知道我在说什么吗? |
[23:07] | I told you, man. | 我告诉你 |
[23:09] | You ain’t nobody. | 你谁也不是 |
[23:10] | I’m gonna get you, man. | 我跟你没完 |
[23:13] | You ain’t nobody. | 你以为你是谁啊 |
[23:28] | Next time it may be you. | 下一次 可能就是你 |
[23:33] | If you do no better than they did, | 如果你们不好好表现 |
[23:36] | next time itwillbe you. | 下一次 就轮到你们了 |
[23:38] | They said this school was dead | 他们说这所学校死了 |
[23:41] | like the cemetery it’s built on, | 就像建校所用的这片墓地 |
[23:44] | but we call our eastside teams ghosts, don’t we? | 但是我们还有易斯特赛德的灵魂 不是么? |
[23:48] | And what are ghosts? | 什么是灵魂呢? |
[23:50] | Ghosts are spirits that rise from the dead. | 灵魂是一种永恒的精神 |
[23:55] | I want you to be my ghosts. | 我希望你们成为我的灵魂 |
[24:01] | You are going to lead our resurrection | 你们要让我们学校获得新生 |
[24:05] | by defying the expectation | 扭转那种认为 |
[24:07] | that all of us are doomed to failure. | 我们注定走向失败的期望 |
[24:11] | My motto is simple. | 我的格言很简单 |
[24:13] | If you do not succeed in life, | 如果你在生命中不成功 |
[24:15] | i don’t want you to blame your parents. | 不要怪罪你的父母 |
[24:18] | I don’t want you to blame the white man. | 不要去怪罪白人 |
[24:21] | I want you to blame yourselves. | 去怪罪你自己 |
[24:24] | The responsibility is yours! | 是你自己的责任 |
[24:30] | In two weeks, we have a practice exam | 两周后 我们有一个实习考试 |
[24:33] | and the minimum basic skills test on april 13th. | 以及4月13号的基本技能测试 |
[24:38] | That’s 110 school days from now, | 从现在算起 还有110天 |
[24:41] | but it’s not just about those test scores. | 这不仅仅关系到考试得多少分 |
[24:45] | If you do not have these basic skills, | 如果你不具备这些基本的技能 |
[24:49] | you will find yourselves locked out, | 你会发现自己就是个门外汉 |
[24:53] | locked out of that american dream | 电视上宣扬的那些 |
[24:56] | that you see advertised on tv, | 可以轻易实现的美国梦 |
[24:59] | that they tell you is so easy to get. | 对你关上了大门 |
[25:02] | You are here for one reason, | 你们来这里只有一个原因 |
[25:05] | one reason only- | 唯一的原因 |
[25:07] | to learn | 就是学习 |
[25:09] | to work for what you want. | 为你们想要的梦想而奋斗 |
[25:12] | The alternative is to waste your time | 否则 就是浪费时间 |
[25:15] | and to fall into the trap | 陷入犯罪 毒品 死亡的深渊 |
[25:18] | of crime, drugs, and death. | |
[25:22] | Does everyone understand that? | 你们明白么? |
[25:27] | Do all of you understand me? | 你们听懂我的意思了么? |
[25:30] | Then welcome to the new eastside high. | 那么 就让我们欢迎崭新的易斯特赛德高中 |
[25:45] | Mr. Clark don’t play. | 克拉克先生从不来虚的 |
[25:55] | What happened this morning is an outrage. | 今天早上发生的事太让人气愤了 |
[25:58] | My boy’s no criminal. | 我的孩子不是罪犯 |
[26:00] | Those children belong in school, | 那些孩子属于这个学校 |
[26:02] | not back out on the street. | 不应该沦落到街头 |
[26:04] | You’re a fascist, clark! | 你是法西斯 克拉克 |
[26:06] | Our kids don’t deserve this! | 我们的孩子不应该有这样的下场 |
[26:08] | Some of them are smart. | 他们中也有聪明的 |
[26:10] | They’re just discouraged | 他们很是受挫 |
[26:11] | about their chances out there, | 面对现在这种情形 |
[26:13] | what kind of jobs they got waitin’. | 他们应该怎么样就业? |
[26:16] | Now what kind of chance do they have? | 现在他们有什么机会? |
[26:19] | He insulted the black football coach. | 他侮辱了黑人足球教练 |
[26:23] | The man’s gone crazy. | 这个男人已经疯了 |
[26:25] | He’s declared war on his own people. | 他正在发动战争 |
[26:27] | Remember, miss barrett, | 提醒您 巴拉特夫人 |
[26:29] | mr. Clark was nice enough | 克拉克先生 够好的了 |
[26:31] | to come to this emergency meeting | 在忙碌的一天以后还 |
[26:33] | after a very trying day. | 还来参加这个会议 |
[26:35] | I think we owe him a chance to respond. | 我认为我们应该给他解释的机会 |
[26:48] | They say | 他们说 |
[26:50] | one bad apple spoils the bunch. | 一粒老鼠屎 坏了一锅粥 |
[26:53] | Man: My son ain’t no bad apple! | 我儿子不是你口中的老鼠屎 |
[26:55] | Well, what about 300? | 那么三百粒老鼠屎呢? |
[26:59] | Rotten to the core. | 就像苹果一烂到核 |
[27:03] | Now, you’re right, mrs. Barrett. | 是的 你是对的 巴拉特夫人 |
[27:05] | This is a war. | 这是一场战争 |
[27:08] | It’s a war to save 2,700 other students, | 挽救其他2700个孩子的战争 |
[27:12] | most of whom don’t have the basic skills | 他们中的大多数人不具备基本技能 |
[27:15] | to pass the state exam. | 甚至无法通过州测试 |
[27:17] | Now, if you want to help us, fine. | 如果你要帮助我们 很好 |
[27:20] | Sit down with your kids and make them study. | 同你的孩子坐在一起 让他学习 |
[27:24] | Go get your families off welfare. | 不要去领救济 |
[27:26] | How dare you talk about welfare! | 你胆敢说救济? |
[27:29] | Give our children some pride. | 给我们的孩子一点尊严 |
[27:31] | Let them get their priorities straight. | 让他们自己去争取 |
[27:37] | When dr. Napier came to me | 当奈皮尔博士找到我 |
[27:39] | offering this job, | 给我这个职位的时候 |
[27:41] | i saw the lightning flash. | 我看到闪电在天空划过 |
[27:43] | All right! | 好吧 |
[27:45] | I heard the thunder roll! | 我听到雷鸣声 |
[27:47] | Give it to ’em! | |
[27:49] | I felt breakers crashing, swamping my soul. | 我的内心汹涌滂湃 |
[27:52] | We are not in church, mr. Clark! | 这里不是教堂 克拉克先生 |
[27:56] | I fell down on my knees… | 我跪下 祈祷 |
[27:59] | and i cried, “my god… | 哭着对主说“上帝 |
[28:01] | why has thou forsaken me?” | 为什么抛弃我?” |
[28:04] | Tell ’em about it. | 告诉我 |
[28:06] | And the lord said, “joe, you’re no damn good.” | 然后上帝说 乔 你不是个好人 |
[28:09] | No, no. I mean this… | 不 不 我意思是 |
[28:12] | more than you realize. | 你想象不出那样的情景 |
[28:14] | “You’re no earthly good at all | 你不再是个好人 |
[28:18] | “unless you take this opportunity | 除非你抓住这次机会 |
[28:21] | and do whatever you have to.” | 去做你必须做的事 |
[28:25] | And he didn’t say, “joe, be polite.” | 上帝并没有说 乔 要懂礼貌 |
[28:32] | Do whatever you have to | 做你该做的 |
[28:34] | to transform and transmogrify this school | 把这个学校改造成 |
[28:39] | into a special place, | 一个特殊的地方 |
[28:41] | where the hearts and souls and minds of the young | 让孩子们的灵魂和思想 |
[28:46] | can rise, | 得到升华 |
[28:48] | where they can grow tall and blossom | 让他们健康成长 |
[28:51] | out from under the shadows of the past, | 走出过去的阴影 |
[28:55] | where the minds of the young are set free. | 放飞他们的思想 |
[29:00] | That’s right! | 现在 |
[29:01] | And i gave my word to god. | 我向上帝发誓 |
[29:06] | And that’s why i threw those bastards out. | 这也是为什么我赶走那些流氓 |
[29:11] | And that’s all i’m going to say. | 这就是我要说的 |
[29:38] | Mr. Clark, i wanted to talk to you | 克拉克先生 我想跟你谈谈 |
[29:41] | about those kids you threw out yesterday. | 关于那些昨天被你扔出校门的孩子 |
[29:44] | Well, what about them? | 好的 怎么了? |
[29:46] | I was one of them, | 我是其中之一 |
[29:48] | but you made some kind of mistake. | 但你犯了一些错误 |
[29:50] | Mistake? | 错误? |
[29:51] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[29:52] | What’s your name, son? | 你叫什么名字?孩子 |
[29:53] | Sams. Thomas sams. | 山姆斯 托马斯.山姆斯 |
[29:55] | Thomas sams. You’re a freshman? | 托马斯.山姆斯 你是新生吗? |
[29:58] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[29:59] | Cutting class and smoking crack, mr. Sams. | 你逃课吸毒 山姆斯 |
[30:02] | There’s no mistake. | 没有错误吧 |
[30:03] | No, sir. It wasn’t me, sir. I swear it wasn’t. | 不 先生 那不是我 我发誓 |
[30:10] | It wasn’t you? | 不是你? |
[30:12] | No. | 不是 |
[30:16] | Do you think i’m stupid, son? | 你认为我傻么 孩子? |
[30:18] | No, sir. | 不是 先生 |
[30:20] | Yes, you do. | 是的 你就是这么认为的 |
[30:21] | You’re trying to con a con man. | 你想要耍花招 |
[30:24] | You’re not even learning anything | 你到现在还没悔过 对吧? |
[30:29] | You come with me. | 你跟我来 |
[30:45] | What are you doing? What’s up here? | 你要干什么? 来这做什么? |
[30:48] | Now, let me tell you something. | 现在 让我告诉你 |
[30:50] | The trouble with being a teenager | 一个十几岁的孩子最大的问题 |
[30:53] | is you don’t know nothing. | 就是无知 |
[30:55] | You think you’re smarter than people who’ve already been | 你认为你很聪明 比你碰到的任何人 |
[30:58] | down the road you’re traveling. | 都聪明 |
[31:00] | You know what i’m saying? | 你知道我说的什么吗? |
[31:02] | Do you? | 明白吗? |
[31:03] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[31:04] | Did you tell your father i threw you out of school? | 你告诉你爸爸 我把你赶出学校了么? |
[31:08] | Look at me, damn it! | 看着我 该死的 |
[31:10] | No, sir. | 没有 先生 |
[31:12] | Why not? No guts, huh? | 为什么? 不敢说? |
[31:14] | Afraid of what he’ll say, aren’t you? | 害怕他训你吗? |
[31:17] | My father doesn’t live with us anymore, sir. | 我爸爸已经不跟我们在一起了 先生 |
[31:20] | Is that what you’re doing? | 这就是你做的? |
[31:22] | Going around feeling sorry for yourself? | 开始为自己感到难过了吗? |
[31:25] | Get out of here! You’re wasting my time! | 离开这 你在浪费我的时间 |
[31:28] | Please let me back, sir. | 请让我回来吧 先生 |
[31:30] | I have to get back at school. | 我必须回学校 |
[31:33] | I can’t tell my mama i got kicked out. | 我不能告诉我妈妈我被开除了 |
[31:36] | Now, why should i let you back into my school? | 那么我为什么要让你回学校呢? |
[31:39] | Because i’m going to do better, sir. | 我会做的更好的 先生 |
[31:42] | How? | 怎么做? |
[31:43] | By doing my work. | 好好学习 |
[31:45] | What else? | 还有呢? |
[31:47] | And staying out of trouble. | 再不惹麻烦了 |
[31:49] | What have you been thinking about all this time? | 你一直都在想什么? |
[31:52] | Why should i believe you now? | 为什么我要相信你 |
[31:55] | Because i changed my ways. | 因为我变了 |
[31:58] | I don’t believe you, sams. | 我不相信你 山姆斯 |
[32:00] | I don’t think you’ve changed a thing. Go on, jump! | 我不相信你已经变了 来 跳下去 |
[32:03] | No. I don’t want to jump. | 不 我不敢跳 |
[32:06] | Yes, you do! You smoke crack, don’t you? | 你敢的 你还抽烟 不是么? |
[32:09] | You smoke crack, don’t you? | 你不是还抽烟了吗? |
[32:11] | Look at me, boy! Don’t you smoke crack? | 看着我 小子 是不是抽烟了 |
[32:15] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[32:17] | You know what that does to you, huh? | 你知道会有什么后果吗? |
[32:20] | No, sir. | 不知道 先生 |
[32:21] | It kills brain cells, son. It kills brain cells. | 它在杀死你的脑细胞 孩子 在杀死你的脑细胞 |
[32:25] | When you’re destroying brain cells, | 当你摧残脑细胞时 |
[32:27] | you’re killing yourself, | 你就是在自杀 |
[32:28] | only it’s slower! | 不过是慢性自杀 |
[32:29] | If you want to kill yourself, | 如果你想要自杀 |
[32:32] | don’t fuck around with it! Do it expeditiously! | 就不要慢慢吞吞 干脆点 |
[32:33] | Go on, jump! | 来 跳下去 |
[32:35] | No. I don’t want to kill myself, sir. | 不 先生 我不要自杀 |
[32:38] | You’re sure? | 你确定 |
[32:40] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[32:42] | I tell you what i’ll do. | 我告诉你 我准备怎么做 |
[32:45] | I’ll go back on my own word just this once | 这一次 我破例 |
[32:49] | and let you back into my school, | 让你回到学校 |
[32:52] | ’cause you’re still a baby, and you don’t know shit. | 因为你还是个孩子 什么都不懂 |
[32:54] | But you understand this, boy. | 但是 你要知道 |
[32:57] | You’re not gonna get a moment’s rest. | 一刻也不许偷懒 |
[32:59] | I’m gonna be on your case every minute. | 我会时刻盯着你 |
[33:01] | You mess up just once, | 如果你再犯一次 |
[33:03] | and you’re out of here. | 就得离开这 |
[33:05] | You understand me? | 懂么? |
[33:07] | Do you understand me? | 你明白我说的话吗? |
[33:08] | Yes, sir. | 我懂 先生 |
[33:12] | Now, go on back downstairs. | 好 下楼去吧 |
[33:27] | All right, people. Let’s settle down in here. | 好了 各位请坐下 |
[33:30] | Now, settle down, quiet down. | 现在 静下来 |
[33:32] | Let those who are trying to eat their lunch digest. | 让他们好好吃饭 |
[33:36] | Robert, boy, you had lunch at fourth period. Go on. | 罗伯特 第四节课就吃过了 离开这 |
[33:40] | If mr. O’malley didn’t do anything, mr. Clark won’t. | 如果奥.莫利先生不管 克拉克先生也不会管的 |
[33:43] | Louisa, you’re looking mighty good today. | 路易莎 你今天看起来很好 |
[33:46] | Gonna have to tell these boys to watch out. | 我得叫哪些男孩们当心点儿 |
[33:48] | You kids having any problems? | 你们这些孩子有问题么? |
[33:50] | Yeah. She is. Tell him. | 有 她有 告诉他吧 |
[33:52] | Louisa? | 路易莎? |
[33:54] | Why do i have to take home ec? | 为什么我要学家庭经济学? |
[33:57] | I want to take auto shop. | 我要学汽车修理 |
[33:59] | I have brothers and sisters. My mother works. | 我有弟弟妹妹 我妈妈有工作 |
[34:02] | I’ve been cooking for 11 years. | 我已经做了11年的饭了 |
[34:04] | Does it look like i don’t cook? | 难道我看上去不会做饭吗? |
[34:07] | I want you to take this to mr. O’malley. | 把这个带给奥.莫利 |
[34:11] | You know how much auto mechanics make? | 你知道机械工的报酬是多少吗? |
[34:14] | $17 an hour. | 一小时17美元 |
[34:16] | Boy: That girl right there, man. | 看那边的女孩 |
[34:18] | Yo, sweetheart. Right here. I got hunger pains, baby. | 宝贝 这儿 我饿了 宝贝 |
[34:21] | You could be my lunch. | 做我的午餐吧 |
[34:23] | Boy, get off this table! Get your hormones together! | 小子 你给我下来 调节调节你的荷尔蒙吧 |
[34:27] | It ain’t hormones. | 不关荷尔蒙的事 |
[34:29] | She’s fly, man. She’s a fox. | 她闪亮的很 她是只狐狸 |
[34:31] | I just saw you with your arms around clarisse. | 我刚看到你搂着克雷丽莎 |
[34:33] | You honked off with that skeezer? | 你和那个妞泡一起了? |
[34:36] | No, i never- | 不 我没有 |
[34:38] | check it out. It was only one time. | 听好了 就一次 |
[34:41] | Chill out, man! | 闭嘴吧 |
[34:42] | Richard, for your first job as class president, | 理查德 你当班长的第一个任务 |
[34:45] | i want to build an atrium. | 布置一个大厅 |
[34:48] | Track me down tomorrow. We’ll talk about it. | 明天来找我 我们具体谈 |
[34:51] | Don’t worry about it. | 别担心 |
[34:53] | How you doin’, brother? Good to see you. | 你过的怎么样老弟? 很高兴见到你 |
[34:56] | Oh, you, hey! | 噢 嘿 |
[34:57] | Yes, mr. Clark? | 很好 克拉克先生 |
[34:59] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么名字? |
[35:00] | Kid ray. How you doin’? | 凯蒂.瑞 有事吗? |
[35:01] | Nice suit. | 漂亮的西装 |
[35:03] | Just like you, mr. Clark. | 像你一样 克拉克先生 |
[35:04] | Got to look the part. | 款式真不错 |
[35:06] | These kids don’t understand that. | 这些小孩可不懂 |
[35:12] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[35:14] | Sams, put it back! Put it back! | 山姆斯 放回去 把它放回去 |
[35:17] | How many times have i told you, boy? | 我告诉你 多少次了 孩子 |
[35:20] | Put something in your head, not on it. | 当心着点 |
[35:23] | Pull your pants up! | 裤子提起来 |
[35:24] | Show some dignity! Have some sense! | 表现出点尊严 有点意识 |
[35:27] | What’s he doing hanging out with you seniors? | 他跟着你们高年级学生都吊儿郎当干了些什么 |
[35:30] | You’re providing a deleterious influence here. | 你们没给低年级学生好影响 |
[35:32] | Mr. Clark, he’s my cousin. | 克拉克先生 他是我的堂弟 |
[35:34] | We was just goin’ over music. | 我们在复习音乐 |
[35:36] | Music, huh? | 音乐 啊? |
[35:38] | Come here. | 来这 |
[35:42] | Let me have your attention. Everyone quiet down! | 请注意 现在安静 |
[35:46] | I want all radios off instantaneously. | 立刻关上所有的音乐 |
[35:49] | All radios off. | 所有声音 |
[35:52] | I want all of you | 我要你们 |
[35:55] | to look at this… | 看看这个 |
[35:57] | slovenly, sloppy boy here… | 懒惰邋遢的小男孩 |
[35:59] | as an example of how not to dress. | 一个衣冠不整的例子 |
[36:02] | Now, if you look like this | 如果你发现自己像他这样子 |
[36:05] | when you look in your mirrors in the morning, | 当你早上在镜中看到自己时 |
[36:08] | find something else to put on. | 赶紧找别的衣服换上 |
[36:13] | Self-respect permeates every aspect of your lives. | 自尊渗透在你们生活的方方面面 |
[36:17] | If you don’t have it for yourselves, | 如果不尊重自己 |
[36:20] | you’re not going to get it from anywhere. | 也别想别人尊重你 |
[36:24] | Now, to prove their self-respect, | 现在 为了证明他们的自尊 |
[36:27] | mr. Sams and his friends here- you boys stand up. | 山姆斯和他的朋友 站起来 |
[36:31] | I’m going to pound him. | 我要揍他 |
[36:34] | Mr. Sams and his friends | 山姆斯和他的朋友 |
[36:36] | are going to sing our school song. | 要为我们唱校歌 |
[36:39] | I want absolute silence. | 我现在要绝对的安静 |
[36:41] | No one is permitted to move | 谁也不允许离开 |
[36:44] | during the singing of the school song. | 在唱校歌的时候 |
[36:47] | All right. Let’s hear it. | 好吧 现在让我们倾听 |
[36:49] | Fair eastside | |
[36:53] | by the road- | |
[36:54] | mr. Darnell, no one is permitted to move | 达奈尔 唱校歌不准有人走动 |
[36:57] | during the song! | |
[36:59] | I was picking up trash. | 我只是在捡一张废纸 |
[37:01] | Report to my office! Immediately! | 去我办公室 立刻 |
[37:03] | Woo! | |
[37:04] | Quiet! Quiet in here! | 安静 现在安静 |
[37:06] | Ha ha ha! | 哈哈哈 |
[37:09] | Ha ha! Ha ha ha! | 哈哈哈 |
[37:13] | All right. Continue. | 好吧 继续 |
[37:15] | So cheer for…? | |
[37:19] | You boys are on detention, 3 days each. | 你们放学留下来 每人三天 |
[37:22] | You will learn this song, | 你们要学校歌 |
[37:24] | or next time, you’ll be suspended. | 否则就被停课 |
[37:27] | This goes for everybody! | 这要求适用于任何人 |
[37:30] | You will sing the school song upon demand, | 你们每个人都要唱 |
[37:33] | or you will suffer dire consequences! | 按要求和次序 |
[37:36] | Mr. Wright, take this riffraff to my office. | 莱特先生 把这些家伙带到我的办公室 |
[37:41] | Hit the road, jack | 滚蛋吧 |
[37:42] | and don’t you come back? | 别回来了 |
[37:43] | No more, no more, | no more, no more |
[37:46] | hit the road, jack | 滚吧 |
[37:48] | and don’t you come back no more | 别再回来 |
[37:50] | what you say? | |
[37:51] | O, o glorious | |
[37:55] | is thy name | |
[37:57] | o mighty lord | |
[38:04] | glorious is thy name- | |
[38:06] | people, what are you- | |
[38:08] | can i help you, mr. Clark? | 有事么 克拉克先生 |
[38:10] | Yes, you may. I want everyone | 是的 我要求每一个人 |
[38:12] | to be able to sing the school song on demand | 都能按要求 唱校歌 |
[38:15] | or be suspended. Can you see to that? | 否则就停课 你明白么? |
[38:17] | Certainly, mr. Clark. From the top- | 当然 克拉克先生 从头开始 |
[38:20] | mrs. Elliott, may i see you in the hall, please? | 艾利特 可以去大厅说话么? |
[38:24] | Now? | 现在? |
[38:25] | Yes, now! | 是的 现在 |
[38:26] | Will you see if you can get these people together? | 你能带着他们合唱么? |
[38:30] | Mm-hmm. | |
[38:32] | If you sing like that in new york, | 如果你像是在纽约那么唱的话 |
[38:35] | we will not be invited back. | 以后没人邀请我们去了 |
[38:39] | I don’t like being ignored. | 我不想被忽视 |
[38:42] | I’m sorry if you weren’t getting enough attention, | 我很抱歉 如果你没有得到重视 |
[38:45] | but i’m training a chorus. | 我可在训练合唱团的 |
[38:47] | You don’t think the school song is important enough | 你认为校歌不够重要 |
[38:49] | to warrant a little interruption? | 不值得打断练歌对吗? |
[38:51] | It’s fine, but we were doing mozart. | 好吧 但我们在练莫扎特 |
[38:53] | We were in the middle of a difficult part. | 我正教难的那一部分 |
[38:56] | If you’d like us to respect your work, | 如果你想我尊重你的工作 |
[38:57] | try to appreciate ours. | 先理解我们的工作好吗 |
[38:59] | Who do you think you’re talking to? | 你以为你在跟谁说话呢? |
[39:02] | A man who seems threatened when any other adult | 一个做事像孩子一样 |
[39:05] | does something the children like. | 感到自己被威胁的男人 |
[39:07] | Mrs. Powers, i want it quiet in here right now! | 鲍尔斯夫人 马上停下来 |
[39:11] | I’d love to chat, mr. Clark, | 我很想聊天 克拉克先生 |
[39:14] | but i have a concert next week in new york, | 但是下周在纽约我还有个音乐会 |
[39:17] | and i’d like to be prepared. | 我现在得去准备了 |
[39:18] | What? | 什么? |
[39:19] | Prepared-you know what that means- | 准备 你不理解么? |
[39:22] | capable, ready, and up to your job. | 就是准备好你的工作 |
[39:25] | What concert? | 什么音乐会? |
[39:26] | The one at lincoln center. We do it every year. | 在林肯中心的那场 我们每年都举办 |
[39:29] | Until now. Your concert is canceled. | 到此为止了 你的音乐会被取消了 |
[39:31] | What? Cancelled! | 什么 取消! |
[39:32] | You know what canceled means, don’t you? | 你知道取消是什么意思么? |
[39:35] | Over, finished, terminated! | 结束了 没有了 |
[39:36] | Why? They’ve worked too hard! | 为什么? 他们一直很努力 |
[39:38] | For not telling me. | 因为没有告诉我 |
[39:40] | Oh, i filed a form in your office! | 我在你办公室填过一张表 |
[39:43] | And for rank insubordination! | 而且 你不服从命令 |
[39:45] | You’ve questioned my judgment, intelligence! | 你质疑我的判断力 我的智商 |
[39:47] | You’re the one who comes around here to bother me. | 是你来打扰我的 |
[39:49] | You’re a despicable man! I’ve nothing to say to you. | 你真是个卑鄙的小人 我没什么好说的了 |
[39:51] | Let’s accommodate that. You’re fired! | 我们来解决问题 你被解雇了 |
[39:53] | You need a psychiatrist! | 你需要心理医生 |
[39:55] | Get out! Right now! | 出去 现在就出去 |
[39:57] | Fine! Fired? You’ll hear from my lawyer! | 好 解雇? 你等着我律师吧 |
[40:20] | Mr. Clark. | 克拉克先生 |
[40:22] | Ms. Levias, these miscreants don’t know the school song. | 俐哇斯 这些混蛋不知道国歌怎么唱 |
[40:25] | They’ve got 3 days’ detention. | 让他们留下三天 |
[40:27] | Mr. Darnell, into my office. | 达奈尔先生 进我办公室 |
[40:29] | Fellas, come on up. | 菲拉斯 来这边 |
[40:31] | What was that all about? | 刚才怎么回事 |
[40:33] | I said no one move during the school song. | 我说过唱国歌时 谁也不许动 |
[40:35] | If you can’t understand that, find another job. | 如果你不明白 找其他工作去吧 |
[40:38] | I was picking up paper! | 我只是在捡纸 |
[40:40] | You contradicted me in front of my students! | 你居然在我学生的面前反驳我 |
[40:42] | They’remystudents! | 他们是我的学生 |
[40:44] | They are my students, mr. Darnell! | 他们是我的学生 达奈尔先生 |
[40:47] | Just what are you trying to prove? | 你想证明什么? |
[40:48] | I’m working my ass off for you. | 我围着你忙的团团转 |
[40:51] | I took the demotion. I’m doing my job! | 我做着自己该做的事 |
[40:53] | You’re just getting your rocks off | 你却一直指责我 |
[40:55] | by treating me like trash. | 把我当垃圾看 |
[40:57] | No, sir. That’s what you were picking up. | 不是 先生 你活该 |
[40:59] | God damn it! | 去你的 |
[41:01] | You give me the goddamn respect you would want yourself, | 你要是不能给我一点你自己也需要的尊严 |
[41:04] | or i will kick your black ass! | 我就揍扁你 |
[41:06] | You are suspended, sir, as of right now! | 你被停职了 先生 |
[41:09] | Get out! | 出去 |
[41:13] | Ahh! | |
[41:28] | Oh, my god! | 我的天啊 |
[41:29] | What is going on? | 发生了什么? |
[41:31] | Mr. Darnell is suspended. Indefinitely. | 达奈尔先生被无限期停职了 |
[41:33] | You don’t have the power to suspend a teacher! | 你没有这个权利 |
[41:37] | Then i can recommend. Get me the forms. | 我可以提议 给我表格 |
[41:40] | Yes, sir. | 好的 先生 |
[41:41] | Please, mr. Darnell is more than a football coach. | 拜托了 达奈尔先生不仅是个足球教练 |
[41:44] | He teaches english! | 他还教英语 |
[41:46] | Not anymore. | 现在不是了 |
[41:47] | The state practice test is tomorrow. Why do this now? | 州测试就在明天 为什么现在办这事 |
[41:51] | Ms. Levias- | 俐哇斯夫人 |
[41:53] | mr. Clark? | 克拉克先生? |
[41:54] | What do you want? What? | 你想要什么?什么? |
[41:56] | It could wait. | 我等一下 |
[42:01] | Mr. Clark, do you have any idea | 克拉克先生 你知道 |
[42:04] | of the chaos you have caused around here? | 你在这引起多大的混乱吗? |
[42:07] | Nobody knows what you’re doing! | 没人知道你要干什么 |
[42:09] | That’s exactly the way i like it! | 这就是我的方式 |
[42:12] | Never made first period for one year straight | |
[42:14] | forget a diploma, it’s education i hate | 我讨厌学习 |
[42:18] | i feel like droppin’ my books and just strafin’ it | |
[42:20] | ’cause the way i’m feelin’, i ain’t makin’ it | |
[42:22] | i ain’t makin’ it | |
[42:33] | school’s the place i don’t really want to be in | |
[42:36] | the day i quit, that’s it, i’m leavin’ | |
[42:39] | when people tell me about gettin’ grades up | |
[42:42] | my reply-“am i gettin’ paid or what?” | |
[42:49] | Bright in the morning, my alarm awakes me | |
[42:52] | my mom won’t, she’s a witch, she hates me | |
[42:55] | failin’ all my classes, i don’t give a damn | |
[43:06] | success, i ain’t makin’ it | |
[43:10] | stay to your right. Let’s get to your classes. | 去你们的教室吧 |
[43:13] | Come on, now. We got 20 seconds to the bell. | 还有20秒就打铃了 |
[43:17] | Let’s go. Sams, sams, come here. Where you going? | 山姆斯 山姆斯 过来 你要去哪 |
[43:21] | Lunch. | 午餐 |
[43:23] | Try to eat some vegetables | 尝试换点 |
[43:25] | for a change, ok? | 蔬菜吃好吗? |
[43:27] | Lay off those muffins. | 别吃松饼 |
[43:29] | See you later. | 再见 |
[43:30] | Don’t bunch up down there, people. | 别拥挤在那里 同学们 |
[43:33] | That doesn’t concern you. We’ll tell you about it later. | 我们稍后会通知你们 |
[43:38] | All right, richard. It’s all yours. | 好吧 理查德 你来 |
[43:41] | We have two groups to thank- | 我们要感谢两个社区 |
[43:43] | the black and hispanic alumnl- | 黑人社区和西班牙社区 |
[43:45] | for giving us sofas and armchairs. | 感谢他们给我们捐赠了沙发和椅子 |
[43:47] | It makes the school seem, as mr. Clark | 就像克拉克先生说的 |
[43:49] | would say, a home away from home. | 让我们学校像另一个家 |
[43:52] | Having fun? | 有意思吗? |
[43:53] | I am. | 是的 |
[43:55] | I haven’t heard a word about those test scores. | 我还没听到关于考试的消息 |
[43:58] | They’ll send them- | 他们会寄过来的 |
[44:00] | send them how? By pony express? | 怎么寄? 快递? |
[44:02] | Am i supposed to wait for them? | 我们应该等等? |
[44:05] | Get yourself down to Trenton, | 你干嘛不去特伦顿取回来呢? |
[44:07] | where they’re probably on some desk. | 他们也许正放在桌子上 |
[44:10] | Bring them back here where they can do some good. | 拿回来 还是有点用处的 |
[44:14] | But now, ladies and gentlemen, | 但是 现在 女士们先生们 |
[44:16] | for the grand finale- | 最后一项 |
[44:17] | ms. Levias, if you would- | 俐哇斯夫人准备好了吗? |
[44:20] | our very own passaic river falls. | 我们的帕塞伊克河瀑布 |
[44:24] | Good job. You’re doing very well, son. | 好样的 做得好 孩子 |
[44:27] | I’m very proud of you. | 我为你自豪 |
[44:29] | Mr. Clark, come to the cafeteria quick! | 克拉克先生 快来餐厅 |
[44:32] | Some guy’s beating up kid ray! | 有人在打奇德瑞 |
[44:46] | Hey, stop it! Stop it! | 停下 停手 |
[44:53] | Come on, old man. I been waitin’ for this. | 来吧 老家伙 我正等着你呢 |
[44:56] | Come on. | Come on. 来呀 来呀 |
[45:00] | Get this disgrace to his race out of here! | 把这混蛋拖出去 |
[45:04] | You already threw this disgrace out once. | 你已经赶走过他一次了 |
[45:06] | Then what’s he doing back? | 那他怎么回来的? |
[45:08] | Someone must have let him in from the inside. | 肯定有人在里面给他开门 |
[45:13] | I want every door in this school | 我要求 学校所有的门 |
[45:16] | chained and locked- | 都用铁链锁上 |
[45:18] | all of them! Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[45:40] | Hi, mr. Clark. | 嘿 克拉克先生 |
[45:42] | Oh, hi, kids. How you doin’? | 嘿 孩子 你怎么样? |
[45:44] | Hi, mr. Clark. What’s up? | 克拉克先生 发生什么事了? |
[45:46] | Hi, nathalee. | 嘿 |
[45:59] | Kaneesha, what’s the matter, doll? | 嘿 肯尼沙 怎么了 宝贝 |
[46:05] | Kaneesha? | 肯尼沙? |
[46:06] | Now, i told you if you have any problems | 我告诉你 如果你有任何困难 |
[46:10] | you come and see me. | 你可以来找我 |
[46:14] | Come on, now. | 来吧 过来 |
[46:15] | I’ve known you more than half your life. | 我都认识你半辈子了 |
[46:19] | What’s the matter? How are your grades? | 怎么了? 你的成绩怎么样? |
[46:22] | They’re not too good. | 不太好 |
[46:24] | Well, why not? You’re a smart girl. | 为什么? 你可是个聪明的孩子 |
[46:27] | You shouldn’t be having any problems. | 你不应该有任何问题啊 |
[46:29] | I don’t have no place to live. | 我没地方住了 |
[46:32] | Well, where’s your mother? | 你妈妈呢? |
[46:36] | She don’t want me no more. | 她不要我了 |
[46:38] | Now, here. Come with me. Come on. | 好吧 跟我来 来吧 |
[46:41] | I’ll see what i can do about this. | 我看看能做些什么 |
[46:44] | Ms. Levias, you know kaneesha carter here. | 俐哇斯夫人 你认识的肯尼沙 卡特 |
[46:47] | You go on in to miss ruiz. | 你去见路易斯小姐 |
[46:50] | Is he all right? | 他怎么样? |
[46:52] | He’ll survive. | 没什么了 |
[46:54] | Kaneesha here is having a problem at home. | 肯尼沙家里有点问题 |
[46:57] | Pull her file, talk to her, get back to me. | 你帮帮她 跟她谈谈 然后来找我 |
[47:01] | Come on, kaneesha. | 来吧 肯尼沙 |
[47:06] | Because it never made a difference | |
[47:10] | i never paid attention to the sound | |
[47:13] | of my own despair | |
[47:16] | trick or treat! | |
[47:18] | There was never no feelin’ | |
[47:22] | never not needing that child | |
[47:25] | even though i couldn’t always be there | |
[47:30] | and time don’t wait on love, now | |
[47:36] | life don’t wait | |
[47:38] | for a break in the weather | |
[47:44] | what if i’m left | |
[47:46] | with no love at all? | |
[47:49] | No love at all? | |
[47:53] | Who’s there? | 谁啊? |
[47:55] | Mrs. Carter? | 卡特夫人 |
[47:56] | Mrs. Carter doesn’t live here. | 卡特夫人不住在这? |
[47:58] | Kaneesha: Mama, it’s me. | 妈妈是我 |
[48:00] | It’s joan levias from eastside. | 我是俐哇斯 易斯特赛德高中的 |
[48:03] | I’m here with mr. Clark. | 克拉克先生也来了 |
[48:06] | ‘Cause time don’t wait on love, now | |
[48:12] | and life don’t send you an invitation | |
[48:19] | been a long time, mrs. Carter. | 好久没见了 卡特夫人 |
[48:23] | Please. | 请进 |
[48:25] | Come in. | |
[48:33] | No love at all | |
[48:36] | i’ve been meaning to come by and talk to you. | 我意思进来谈谈吧 |
[48:40] | Mind if i try and act civilized for a moment? | 如果我装出有教养的样子 |
[48:44] | Offered you two a seat. | 给你们两让座 可以吗? |
[48:50] | Mrs. Carter, i ran into kaneesha in the halls. | 卡特夫人 我在走廊里碰到肯尼沙 |
[48:55] | Was talking about her grades. | 跟她讨论分数 |
[48:57] | She says you don’t want her around anymore. | 她说你不要她了 |
[49:00] | I don’t expect your sympathy, | 不要你的同情 |
[49:03] | but i ruined my life. | 我毁了我自己 |
[49:06] | I know that’s my business to deal with that. | 面对这些 是我自己的事 |
[49:09] | It’s been hard enough. | 我已经够难的了 |
[49:11] | Joe: When kaneesha was in the fifth grade, | 当肯尼沙五年级的时候 |
[49:14] | you were one of my most active parents. | 你是我最积极的家长之一 |
[49:16] | You were always at school helping out. | 你总是在学校帮忙 |
[49:18] | We don’t mean to pry, mrs. Carter, | 我们不想干涉您 卡特夫人 |
[49:20] | but kaneesha has a gift. | 但是肯尼沙是个很有天赋的孩子 |
[49:23] | She has that spark. We have to look after her. | 她有潜力 我们应该照看她 |
[49:26] | Why would she think you wouldn’t want her? | 为什么她认为你不要她了 |
[49:29] | I had kaneesha when i was 15. | 当我15岁的时候 有了肯尼沙 |
[49:32] | I didn’t want no welfare, | 我不想要救济 |
[49:36] | so i quit school, worked, | 所以我退学 工作 |
[49:38] | came home at night, | 每天很晚回家 |
[49:40] | didn’t have no life. | 过的很辛苦 |
[49:43] | So when she was old enough to take care of herself, | 所以当她可以照顾自己的时候 |
[49:48] | i ran out and got one. | 我就要出去 过我的生活 |
[49:51] | Is that what you’re doing now? | 就是这样 |
[49:53] | I’m just now getting back on my feet, you know? | 我只是想回到我的生活中 你知道吗? |
[50:00] | As i get clean… | 当我洗手不干时 |
[50:05] | i see myself for what i am… | 我看清自己的面目了 |
[50:12] | and i hate it. | 我恨我自己 |
[50:17] | And i don’t want her to see me like this no more. | 我不希望她再看到我这样 |
[50:24] | So when the people from the foster home came by, | 当领养院来人时 |
[50:28] | i thought it was the right thing to do. | 我想我该做件正确的事 |
[50:32] | Why would i want to get rid of her? | 我为什么要摆脱她? |
[50:39] | I love her… | 我爱她 |
[50:41] | more than myself. | 胜过我自己 |
[50:57] | Mrs. Carter… | 卡特夫人 |
[51:01] | if we helped you find a job, | 如果我们帮助你找到工作 |
[51:04] | a better place to live, | 一个更好的住的地方 |
[51:06] | would that help? | 怎么样? |
[51:08] | Because, frankly, | 因为 坦白讲 |
[51:10] | i don’t see kaneesha making it | 我想肯尼沙没有你是不行的 |
[51:13] | without you. | |
[51:14] | Do you understand? | 你能理解吗? |
[51:22] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[51:23] | Good. | 好 |
[51:31] | Thanks, bob. We’ll talk tomorrow. | 谢谢诶 鲍勃 我们明天谈 |
[51:43] | What was that all about? | 什么事? |
[51:45] | Chains on the doors. | 铁链锁门的事 |
[51:47] | Thought you people didn’t like chains. | 你们应该不喜欢铁链 |
[51:56] | You see this yet? | 你看过这个吗? |
[52:06] | You know, all of your shit | 所有这些狗屎事 |
[52:09] | comes down on my head. | 全砸我头上了 |
[52:11] | Oh, frank, look. This is- | 噢 弗兰克 这是 |
[52:13] | no. You let me talk. | 不 让我来说 |
[52:15] | It’s like you’re a big bird with radar. | 你就像只大蝙蝠 没有方向的飞 |
[52:17] | I’m tired of getting hit. | 我厌倦给你善后了 |
[52:19] | Is this my fault? | 这是我的错吗? |
[52:20] | This is nothing! | 不是 |
[52:22] | I’ve got union lawyers threatening me. | 工会的律师已经威胁我了 |
[52:24] | There’s talk of a walkout. | 有人要罢工 |
[52:27] | Let ’em! | 让他们去好了 |
[52:28] | They’re not teaching anything anyway! | 反正也没好好教书 |
[52:30] | Then do something about it! | 那就做些事来 |
[52:32] | Not one of ’em has a personal stake | 没有人敢于承担责任 在这个学校 |
[52:33] | in that school! Not one! | 一个都没有 |
[52:35] | The fire chief says it’s illegal to bar doors. | 消防队长说 学校大门上锁不合法 |
[52:38] | Mrs. Barrett is organizing a parents group to remove you | 巴拉特夫人正组织家长团们 要把你免职 |
[52:42] | since you suggested that they get off welfare | 你要求他们放弃救济 |
[52:45] | because quite a few of them need it. | 因为他们中只有一些人需要 |
[52:48] | I wasn’t talking to all of them, frank. | 我没有要求全部 弗兰克 |
[52:51] | Look, you came and recruited me, man. | 好吧 当初你找我来干这份工作 |
[52:53] | You disappoint me. | 你让我失望了 |
[52:55] | The disappointment here is you! | 让人失望的是你 |
[52:57] | Me? | 我? |
[52:58] | Yes! | 是的 |
[52:59] | You’ve known me 30 years. | 你已经认识我30年了 |
[53:01] | You know how i operate. | 你应该知道我怎么管理 |
[53:02] | Nigger, can you keep quiet? | 黑鬼 你能安静点吗 |
[53:05] | The fact is you’re screwing up! | 事实是你搞砸了 |
[53:07] | You’re alienating everybody! | 你疏远了每一个人 |
[53:10] | You have no life. Your wife left you. | 你连妻子都没有了 你妻子都离开你了 |
[53:13] | I ought to walk out myself! | 我也应该放弃你 |
[53:14] | Go ahead, bail out! | 好吧 滚吧 |
[53:16] | I said i’d back you up! | 我说过我要支持你 |
[53:17] | That’s what yousaid, frank! | 那是你说的 弗兰克 |
[53:19] | Brother, i’ll go through the fire with you, | 老兄 我要和你一起度过艰难 |
[53:22] | but you are not taking care of business. | 但是你没有用心去做 |
[53:24] | But this shit you’re pulling now, | 你都搞砸了 |
[53:26] | you’ve just gone plain loco! | 你简直疯了 |
[53:28] | You suspend darnell! What the hell was that? | 你还停职了达奈尔 妈的 这都为什么 |
[53:31] | Darnell is symptomatic of disciplinary- | 达奈尔违反了纪律 |
[53:33] | he is a good, strong, young black teacher! | 他是一个善良 强壮 年轻的黑人教师 |
[53:36] | He dumped that desk on top of your head. | 所以他掀翻了你的办公桌 |
[53:40] | Good for him. You will reinstate that man! | 为了他好 你会给他复职吧 |
[53:43] | You fire mrs. Elliott. Why? | 你还解雇艾利特夫人 为什么 |
[53:45] | She didn’t want to kiss your ass. | 就因为她不肯拍你马屁? |
[53:47] | I wouldn’t either! | 换我我也不会 |
[53:49] | Mrs. Elliott has an ego problem. | 艾利特夫人 太自大了 |
[53:51] | Well, you lost the best teacher we had! | 好吧 你已经失去了最好的老师 |
[53:54] | I don’t have time for mrs. Elliott’s problem! | 我现在没有时间管艾利特夫人的事 |
[53:57] | You better make time! | 你最好找点时间 |
[53:59] | We’re being crucified by a process | 我们被钉死在 |
[54:01] | that’s turning blacks | 一个让黑人永远处于社会底层的 |
[54:02] | into a permanent underclass here! | 程序上 |
[54:04] | See? Nobody wants to talk about that! | 看吧 没人愿意谈这个问题 |
[54:07] | Mrs. Elliott’s missionary zeal about mozart | 艾利特夫人对莫扎特狂热 |
[54:10] | has nothing to do with our problem! | 对我们解决问题 没半点帮助 |
[54:13] | What good will mozart do | 莫扎特对于一群 |
[54:15] | children who can’t go out and get a job? | 连工作都找不到的孩子有什么用 |
[54:17] | Joe, your personal battles | 乔 你个人的争执 |
[54:19] | are going to cost us the war. | 会给我们带来一场战争 |
[54:22] | Worry about the test scores. | 担心担心考试分数吧 |
[54:24] | What the hell you think i’m worried about? | 你他妈的以为我在担心什么? |
[54:27] | End of discussion! Debate is over! | 停止讨论 不要在争辩了 |
[54:28] | You will write a formal apology | 你要写一个正式道歉信 |
[54:31] | for your treatment of mrs. Elliott and darnell | 因为你对艾利特夫人 和达奈尔先生的态度 |
[54:34] | and for your thoughtless insult to the women of this community! | 以及你在会议上对那些家长们的侮辱 |
[54:38] | You will kowtow and step and fetch. | 你要磕头谢罪 服从我的命令 |
[54:41] | Get used to it! It’s the way of the world! | 习惯吧 这就是这个世界 |
[54:45] | If you’re so hot on discipline, | 既然你在这么执迷于你的纪律 |
[54:47] | then start by accepting mine | 那就先遵守我的纪律 |
[54:49] | because contrary to popular opinion, | 因为你的观点与公众相驳 |
[54:51] | i am the head nigger in charge! | 我才是这的黑老大 |
[55:01] | Come on. Let’s get something to eat. | 来吧 让我们去吃点东西 |
[55:13] | Boy… | 小子 |
[55:15] | you really think you bad, don’t you? | 你以为你很厉害不是吗? |
[55:22] | You’re all in violation of the fire code! | 你们违反了消防法 |
[55:24] | You cannot prevent me from going in. | 你不能阻止我进去 |
[55:27] | You’re not getting in, | 你不能进去 |
[55:29] | and that’s that. | 就这样 |
[55:30] | You have no right to lock these doors. | 你没有权利锁起这些门 |
[55:33] | This isn’t a plant. This is my school. | 这不是什么地方 这是我的学校 |
[55:36] | If you want to get in here, | 如果你想进来 |
[55:38] | apply for a pass like everyone else. | 就想其他人一样 申请通过 |
[55:41] | What the hell is the bat for? | 这棒球棒是要干什么? |
[55:44] | They used to call me crazy joe. | 他们习惯称呼我为 疯子乔 |
[55:46] | Now they can call me batman. | 现在你可以叫我棒球棒 |
[55:49] | I got thugs and drug dealers trying to get into my school. | 我要阻止那些流氓 毒贩 进入我的学校 |
[55:52] | You might be one. I don’t know. | 你可能就是其中之一 我不知道 |
[55:54] | Are you crazy? | 你疯了吗? |
[55:56] | I got all day, chief. | 我有一整天时间 队长 |
[55:58] | How much time do you have? | 你有多少时间 |
[56:01] | I’ll be back, clark. | 我会回来的 克拉克 |
[56:05] | Thanks, mr. Darnell. Good to have you back. | 谢谢你 达奈尔先生 很高兴看到你回来 |
[56:08] | You shouldn’t have fired me in the first place. | 你不应该停我的职 |
[56:10] | You’re right, but don’t get used to it. | 是的 但不要以为你总是对的 |
[56:13] | Mr. Clark, why did you lock the school? | 克拉克先生 你为什么要锁学校的门? |
[56:16] | Aren’t you concerned about students’ safety? | 难道不关心学生的安全吗? |
[56:18] | Get these people back to their classes. | 让他们回到自己的教室中去 |
[56:21] | Honey, get back to your class. | 亲爱的 回你们的教室去 |
[56:24] | You’re playing into his hands. | 你栽他手里了 |
[56:26] | That was the fire chief. | 他可是消防队长 |
[56:28] | Know what he’s saying right now? | 你知道他说什么了吗? |
[56:29] | “Black bastard can’t throw me out,” | 那个黑鬼混蛋不能赶我出来 |
[56:31] | know where he’s saying it? Out in the parking lot. | 你知道他在哪说的吗 外面停车场上 |
[56:34] | Mr. Clark, a baseball bat? | 克拉克先生 棒球棒? |
[56:36] | If they’d got me those emergency doors | 如果这些大门像白人学校那样 |
[56:38] | that sound an alarm when you open them up | 有人进来就会自动报警 |
[56:39] | like the ones white schools have, | |
[56:41] | i wouldn’t have to chain them. | 我们也就不需要铁链了 |
[56:43] | Those doors cost a fortune. | 那种门可贵了 |
[56:45] | We don’t have enough money for books. | 我们都没有足够的钱来买书 |
[56:46] | Tell the mayor that. Call the federal government. | 告诉市长 给联邦政府打电话 |
[56:48] | Never mind what i’m doing. | 不要计较我做了什么 |
[56:50] | Why don’t you do what i ask you? | 为什么不做我要你做的事 |
[56:53] | Where are those test scores i asked for? | 我要的测试分数在哪? |
[56:55] | Hey, mr. Clark. | 嘿 克拉克先生 |
[56:57] | Hi. Where you been? | 嘿 你去哪了? |
[56:59] | I was sick. | 我生病了 |
[57:01] | Sick, huh? Hi, eric. | 生病? 嘿 艾瑞克 |
[57:02] | What was that altercation about? | 上次冲突是什么原因? |
[57:04] | Alteration? Are my pants too tight? | 冲突?是我的裤子太紧了吗? |
[57:07] | The fight you had in the cafeteria. | 上次在餐厅里的斗殴 |
[57:08] | Don’t get cute with me. | 别跟我嬉皮笑脸 |
[57:10] | I’ve already had enough shit from this. | 我已经够倒霉的了 |
[57:12] | Why did he come after you? You dealing drugs? | 为什么他要找你?你卖毒品了? |
[57:16] | We don’t need to get into this. | 我们不需要谈这个 |
[57:18] | I just came here to tell you something. | 我只是来告诉你一些事 |
[57:19] | I don’t think i’m cut out for school. | 我觉得学校不适合我 |
[57:22] | I just came to say good-bye. | 我只想过来告个别 |
[57:30] | Dropping out on me, huh? | 你要辍学? |
[57:33] | I’m not dropping out. I’m moving on. | 我不是辍学 我只是换个地方 |
[57:35] | You’ll be dead in a year, son. | 你活不了一年的 孩子 |
[57:37] | You hear what i’m saying? | 你听到我说的了吗 |
[57:40] | You’ll be dead in a year. | 你活不了一年 |
[57:48] | Mr. Clark, i got to go. | 克拉克先生 我得走了 |
[58:19] | You know, baby, i look at you, | 你知道 孩子 我一直看着你 |
[58:22] | and i want to do the hootchie cootchie. | |
[58:26] | Hootchie cootchie, that’s what i’m doing. | |
[58:29] | You know, sometime, baby. | |
[58:33] | Come on, fellas, not again. | 拜托 伙计们 别再这样 |
[58:35] | Sams, freeze. | 山姆斯 站住 |
[58:38] | Where are you running off to? | 你要去哪? |
[58:41] | Why aren’t you carrying a book? | 为什么你没有带着书? |
[58:43] | I got lunch then gym- | 我要去吃饭 然后去健身 |
[58:45] | why did i let you back in here? | 我为什么让你回学校 |
[58:46] | To get an education. | 获得教育 |
[58:47] | How you gonna get an education if you don’t read? | 如果你不读书怎么获得教育? |
[58:49] | I read. | 我读了 |
[58:51] | When do you get your report card? | 你什么时候领到报告单? |
[58:53] | Next week. Miss james says i’m getting a “b.” | 下个星期 杰姆斯夫人 说我得了B |
[58:56] | I knew you were smart. | 我知道你很聪敏 |
[58:58] | I knew it, too. See you later. Nice tie. | 我也知道 再见 领带很好看 |
[59:04] | Sams, get back here. | 山姆斯 回来 |
[59:12] | Let’s see what’s in here. | 让我看看这里有什么? |
[59:14] | You don’t want to go in there. It stinks. | 你不要进去 这里很臭 |
[59:22] | My, my, my. | 好的 |
[59:25] | Aren’t you my little songbirds | 你们不就是餐厅里的那些小鸟吗? |
[59:27] | from the cafeteria? | |
[59:30] | Weren’t they with you? | 你和他们一起吗? |
[59:32] | Who, these guys? | 谁 他们吗? |
[59:34] | I’m sure you’ve learned the school song by now. | 我相信 他们现在会唱校歌了 |
[59:38] | You better know it | 你最好学会了 |
[59:40] | because this time | 因为这次 |
[59:41] | if you don’t get it right, | 如果你们不会唱 |
[59:43] | you’re suspended for 10 days each. | 至少每人留校10天 |
[59:46] | Is that clear? | 清楚了吗? |
[59:47] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[59:49] | All right, let me hear it. | 好吧 让我听听 |
[59:51] | All right, fellas, let him hear it. | 来 伙计们 唱给他听吧 |
[59:56] | Fair eastside | |
[1:00:03] | fair eastsi-i-ide | |
[1:00:10] | fair eastside | |
[1:00:14] | by thy side we’ll stand | |
[1:00:17] | and always praise thy name | |
[1:00:22] | praise thy name, | praise thy name |
[1:00:25] | to heaven, yeah | |
[1:00:28] | lend our hearts and hands | |
[1:00:32] | to help increase thy fame | |
[1:00:37] | ooh, lord | |
[1:00:40] | the honor, yeah | |
[1:00:43] | of old eastside high | |
[1:00:47] | calls forth our loyalty | |
[1:00:51] | loyalty, loyalty | |
[1:00:54] | so cheer- | |
[1:00:56] | all right, all right! | 好了 |
[1:00:58] | Who taught you that? | 谁教你们的 |
[1:01:01] | Answer me! | 回答我 |
[1:01:03] | I know you didn’t do it yourselves. | 我知道不是你们自己创作的 |
[1:01:05] | Sams! | 山姆斯 |
[1:01:07] | What? | 是 |
[1:01:09] | Who taught you this song? | 谁教你这首歌的? |
[1:01:12] | Speak up! | 说出来 |
[1:01:13] | Mrs. Powers. | 鲍尔斯夫人 |
[1:01:15] | Mrs. Powers, eh? | 鲍尔斯夫人 额? |
[1:01:17] | Come with me, all of you. | 跟我来 都来 |
[1:01:23] | …out this world | |
[1:01:24] | gonna shoulder up my cross | |
[1:01:26] | gonna take it home to my jesus | |
[1:01:27] | ain’t that good news? | |
[1:01:29] | I got a savior in that kingdom | |
[1:01:31] | ain’t that good news? | |
[1:01:33] | I got a savior in that kingdom | |
[1:01:35] | ain’t that good news? | |
[1:01:37] | No, no, no, people. | 不 不 不 |
[1:01:39] | You must remember, | 你们要记住 |
[1:01:41] | we need intonation, phonation, accuracy, and pitch. | 语调 音调 精确度的协调 |
[1:01:45] | Now, this is your note. | 注意了 这是你们的音符 |
[1:01:47] | Hmm | |
[1:01:49] | mrs. Powers. | 鲍尔斯夫人 |
[1:01:51] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[1:01:52] | These hoodlums told me something. | 这些混小子告诉我 |
[1:01:54] | Did you change the school song? | 你改了校歌吗? |
[1:01:57] | Mrs. Powers- | 鲍尔斯夫人 |
[1:01:58] | let her answer! | 让她回答 |
[1:02:00] | The children thought the song was boring. | 孩子认为这首歌太枯燥了 |
[1:02:03] | Boring, huh? | 枯燥? |
[1:02:05] | I have never heard | 我从来没听过一个学校的校歌 |
[1:02:07] | a school song like that. | 像这样唱的 |
[1:02:08] | I didn’t authorize you to change it, | 我没有授权你改校歌? |
[1:02:12] | did i? | 是不是? |
[1:02:13] | No, you didn’t. | 是的 你没有 |
[1:02:19] | I want everyone to learn that song | 我要求每个人都会唱这首歌 |
[1:02:22] | in english and spanish. Immediately. | 用英语 用西班牙语 立刻 |
[1:02:25] | Take a bow, mrs. Powers. | 鞠躬吧 鲍尔斯夫人 |
[1:02:27] | You’ve rewritten our alma mater. | 你重写了我们的校歌 |
[1:02:30] | The honor | |
[1:02:33] | of old eastside high | |
[1:02:36] | brings forth our loyalty | |
[1:02:39] | loyalty, loyalty | |
[1:02:41] | so cheer for dear old eastside… | |
[1:02:47] | how’s it going? | 你好吗? |
[1:02:50] | What you got in there, malachi? | 你拿到什么了 玛艾科? |
[1:02:52] | My future. | 我的未来 |
[1:02:54] | All right. | 好吧 |
[1:02:55] | …aboard eastside | |
[1:02:57] | all aboard, all aboard | |
[1:03:00] | yes, eastside | |
[1:03:02] | all aboard, all aboard | |
[1:03:05] | how’s it going, mr. Darnell? | 怎么样? 达奈尔先生 |
[1:03:07] | Good, good. That’s great. | 很好 很好 |
[1:03:09] | …high | |
[1:03:10] | ge-e-et | |
[1:03:13] | fellas? | |
[1:03:15] | On | |
[1:03:19] | that | |
[1:03:20] | train | train |
[1:03:22] | train | |
[1:03:24] | ms. Levias… | |
[1:03:25] | hi, mr. Clark. | 嘿 克拉克先生 |
[1:03:27] | I just heard something you wouldn’t believe. | 我刚刚得到消息 简直不敢相信 |
[1:03:30] | Uh, mr. Clark, | 哦 克拉克先生 |
[1:03:32] | mr. O’malley just brought this from trenton. | 奥 莫利先生刚从特伦顿带回来这个 |
[1:03:39] | The school’s practice test. | 学校的实习测试成绩 |
[1:03:55] | I had to wait all this time for this? | 我等了这么长时间 |
[1:03:58] | Next time i order you to go get something, | 下一次 我要的东西 |
[1:04:00] | you better damn well go get it yourself! | 你最好亲自给我拿去 |
[1:04:06] | Oh, no. Oh, my god. | 哦 我的天啊 |
[1:04:11] | Give me your attention, everyone. | 好 大家注意了 |
[1:04:13] | First three rows take 4 steps forward. | 前三排的人 向前四步 |
[1:04:16] | Right now! Come on! | 现在 快点 |
[1:04:18] | 1, 2, 3, 4. | |
[1:04:21] | Ok, that’s good. Turn around. | 很好 转过来 |
[1:04:24] | Hold it, mr. O’malley! | 站住 奥莫利先生 |
[1:04:26] | What’s your excuse? | 你为什么迟到? |
[1:04:27] | I was filling out a big stack of forms. | 我刚忙一大堆表格 |
[1:04:31] | I didn’t know what time it was. | 我忘了时间了 |
[1:04:33] | This is a prime example | 这就是个例子 |
[1:04:35] | of the kind of inefficiency and apathy | 低效和冷漠正在摧毁这所学校 |
[1:04:38] | that is destroying this school. | |
[1:04:40] | Mr. O’malley, i can’t believe you’re that bad. | 奥莫利先生 我不相信 你看起来很糟糕 |
[1:04:43] | I’ll give you a chance to revitalize your image. | 我给你机会重塑形象 |
[1:04:47] | Set up a student-peer tutoring program. | 建立学生互助项目 |
[1:04:49] | Maybe the students can help themselves. | 也许他们能帮助自己 |
[1:04:52] | Lord knows, you teachers aren’t doing the job. | 上帝知道 你们的老师没能做好自己的工作 |
[1:04:55] | Ms. Levias, i want remedial reading on saturdays. | 列维尔斯夫人 周六要求额外补习 |
[1:04:58] | Volunteers will get regular pay. | 志愿留下只能拿到普通工资 |
[1:05:00] | We can’t afford overtime. | 我们付不起加班费 |
[1:05:02] | Mr. Clark, the problem isn’t our pay. | 克拉克先生 问题不是我们的工资 |
[1:05:05] | What is the problem as you see it? | 那你认为问题是什么? |
[1:05:07] | How to get the students in on saturday. | 如何让学生周六来上课? |
[1:05:10] | You hear that, people? | 你们听到了吗? |
[1:05:12] | How do we get the students in on saturdays | 如何让我们的孩子周六回来上课 |
[1:05:16] | for remedial reading? | 额外的补习 |
[1:05:17] | I’ll tell you how. | 我告诉你们 |
[1:05:19] | We’ll go to their homes. | 我们会去他们家 |
[1:05:21] | We’ll talk to their folks. | 同他们的家长讨论 |
[1:05:23] | If their folks can’t read, | 如果家长不认字 |
[1:05:25] | they can come in, too. | 可以一起来上课 |
[1:05:28] | The only way we’ll get anything done | 获得成功的唯一途径 |
[1:05:31] | is to get everyone involved. | 就是让每个人都参与进来 |
[1:05:33] | And that goes for all of you! | 这事需要你们 |
[1:05:36] | It’s time to get involved. | 是时候团结一致了 |
[1:05:40] | Everyone in this section, | 站在这边的人 |
[1:05:42] | put both your hands above your heads. | 把你们双手举过头顶 |
[1:05:45] | Raise your hands! | 举起手来 |
[1:05:47] | Put them up! | 举起来 |
[1:05:55] | You people represent the 70% of our students | 你们代表我们学校考试不及格的 |
[1:05:58] | who just failed the practice exam. | 70%的学生 |
[1:06:01] | 70%! | |
[1:06:04] | But that is not their failure. | 但这不是他们的错 |
[1:06:07] | I don’t blame them. | 我不怪他们 |
[1:06:10] | The failure is yours. | 错的是你们 |
[1:06:13] | That’s right, yours. | 是的 是你们 |
[1:06:17] | How many hours do you spend preparing your lesson plans? | 你们花了多长时间备课? |
[1:06:20] | How often do you stay after school | 你们放学有多少人留下来 |
[1:06:23] | to give those children- | 给需要帮助的孩子 |
[1:06:25] | the ones you know need it- | 提供他们需要的 |
[1:06:28] | the extra help that they require? | 额外帮助? |
[1:06:30] | Keep your hands up. | 举着你们的手 |
[1:06:33] | Now you’re getting a hint of the hopelessness and shame | 现在你们应该能感受到他们的绝望和羞耻 |
[1:06:37] | that makes those failing students | 你们使这些未及格孩子 |
[1:06:39] | throw up their hands | 在他们没有准备好的状况下 |
[1:06:41] | at the thought of facing a world | 面对这个陌生的世界 |
[1:06:44] | for which you have not prepared them. | 都是因为你们的失职 |
[1:06:47] | You’re getting an inkling of the despair they feel | 如果你能感觉他们沦落街头的 |
[1:06:51] | when left to the mercy of the streets. | 绝望心情 |
[1:06:54] | Keep your hands up high. | 就一直举着你们的手 |
[1:06:56] | Look around at yourselves. | 看看你们自己 |
[1:06:58] | Turn and look at yourselves! | 转过身 好好的看看 |
[1:07:04] | Because you are failing to educate them, | 因为你们失败的教育 |
[1:07:08] | this is the posture our students will wind up in, | 我们的学生有一天也会有这样的姿势 |
[1:07:12] | only they’ll be staring down the barrel of a gun! | 不同的是他们正被枪指着 |
[1:07:23] | Ooh, yeah, yeah | |
[1:07:28] | ahh ha ha | |
[1:07:39] | if a man is born in luxury | |
[1:07:41] | it proves to me through history | |
[1:07:45] | he is somebody | |
[1:07:48] | if a man is born in poverty | |
[1:07:50] | privation and misery | |
[1:07:53] | he is nobody | |
[1:07:56] | everybody is somebody | |
[1:08:00] | nobody is nobody | |
[1:08:04] | i mean, apart from all the wealthy | |
[1:08:08] | ooh | |
[1:08:09] | everybody is somebody | |
[1:08:12] | oh, yeah | |
[1:08:15] | so look at me here, man? | |
[1:08:18] | Ooh ooh ooh | |
[1:08:21] | oh, yeah | |
[1:08:22] | ooh ooh ooh | |
[1:08:26] | poverty is what, what it takes | |
[1:08:28] | it makes such dangerous mistakes about who | |
[1:08:32] | who is somebody | |
[1:08:34] | when a woman has a child | |
[1:08:36] | before that child is born | |
[1:08:39] | she, she is somebody | |
[1:08:43] | everybody is somebody | |
[1:08:47] | nobody is nobody | |
[1:08:51] | i mean, apart from all the wealthy | |
[1:08:55] | doo doo doo doo doo | |
[1:08:56] | everybody is somebody | |
[1:09:03] | yeah, oh, yeah | |
[1:09:08] | everybody is somebody | |
[1:09:34] | all right, you guys, forget it. | 好吧 别管他 |
[1:09:37] | All right, i got one. | 好吧 我有一个 |
[1:09:38] | Who’s this? | 这是谁? |
[1:09:40] | People, move to the right of the halls. | 同学们转移到大厅的右边 |
[1:09:43] | Move expeditiously. | 快点 |
[1:09:45] | Francesca, come over here. | 法兰西斯卡 过来 |
[1:09:47] | How are you? | 你好吗? |
[1:09:48] | Fine, mr. Clark. | 很好 克拉克先生 |
[1:09:50] | How’s your sister? | 你的妹妹怎么样? |
[1:09:51] | She broke her leg. | 她摔断了她的腿 |
[1:09:53] | That’s good. | 好的 |
[1:09:55] | You have any problem, come to my office. | 如果你有问题 请来我办公室 |
[1:09:58] | Here’s the key. | 我给你钥匙 |
[1:09:59] | Ooh, that ain’t the key. | 这不是钥匙吧? |
[1:10:01] | Sams, sams. Where’s sams? | 山姆斯 山姆斯 山姆斯在哪? |
[1:10:03] | Anybody see sams? | 有人看到山姆斯吗? |
[1:10:05] | Pull your pants up, son. | 提起你的裤子 孩子 |
[1:10:08] | Clarence, come here. | 克兰伦斯 过来 |
[1:10:09] | Get your hormones under control, boy. | 老实着点 小子 |
[1:10:11] | Let me feel your butt. | 让我摸摸你的屁股 |
[1:10:12] | Joe: Clarence. | |
[1:10:13] | What do you think you’re doing? | 你以为你在干什么呢 |
[1:10:16] | I was just… | 我只是 |
[1:10:18] | i was just, um… | 我只是… |
[1:10:20] | francesca, come here. | 弗兰赛斯科 过来 |
[1:10:23] | What is he doing? Can he do me? | 他在干什么? 那是我吗? |
[1:10:24] | Does he have the juice? | 他有这个权利吗? |
[1:10:26] | No way, mr. Clark. | 绝对没有 克拉克先生 |
[1:10:27] | Clarence, report to my office. | 卡莱伦斯 去我办公室报道 |
[1:10:29] | Mr. Clark, i was just fooling around. | 克拉克先生 我只是闹着玩的 |
[1:10:32] | Got you. | 抓着你了 |
[1:10:36] | How do you learn the alphabet ? be on time | |
[1:10:39] | come on, sams! You can do it. | 加油 山姆斯 你可以的 |
[1:10:42] | …he’s on time | |
[1:10:43] | j-o-e c-l-a… | |
[1:10:46] | don’t give up! | 别放弃 |
[1:10:47] | Fall in together, | |
[1:10:49] | going “how do you like the weather?” | |
[1:10:50] | Going “how do you learn the alphabet?” | |
[1:10:51] | Be on time | |
[1:10:52] | school bell ring at a quarter to 9:00 | |
[1:10:55] | that’s it, sams! Stay with it, boy! | |
[1:10:58] | …be on time | |
[1:11:00] | “how do you learn the alphabet?” be on time | |
[1:11:02] | how do you spell eastside , eastside high? | |
[1:11:04] | How do you spell joe clark? He’s on time | |
[1:11:07] | j-o-e c-l… | |
[1:11:09] | holy cow! I’m out of here. | 我走了 |
[1:11:14] | Clark can’t even get them past that test. | 克拉克根本没有办法让孩子们通过测试 |
[1:11:17] | I thought we’d settled this. | 这点我们会解决的 |
[1:11:20] | With the doors chained, that school’s a firetrap. | 现在那的大门都锁上了 学校存在安全隐患 |
[1:11:23] | He’s laughing at us. | 他在嘲笑我们 |
[1:11:25] | The man has a legitimate problem. | 他有一个正当的理由 |
[1:11:26] | How does he keep drug pushers out of his school | 如何让毒贩挡在学校之外 |
[1:11:29] | if their buddies can let them walk on in? | 如果他们在学校有朋友呢 |
[1:11:32] | He’s got a point. | 他做得对 |
[1:11:34] | This doesn’t concern you. | 跟你没有关系 |
[1:11:36] | Don, we can both go to jail. | 唐 我们都得进监狱 |
[1:11:39] | By statute, we are legally responsible. | 我们在法律上付这个责任 |
[1:11:42] | If a fire broke out and a kid got hurt, | 如果出现火灾或者有一个孩子受伤 |
[1:11:45] | they’re going to get trampled. | 他们就惨了 |
[1:11:47] | A bunch of savages anyway. | 他们就像一群野蛮人 |
[1:11:50] | Savages? | 野蛮人? |
[1:11:51] | Don, can’t you control your men? | 唐 你就不能管管那个人吗 |
[1:11:54] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[1:11:56] | please leave me alone with mrs. Barrett. | 请你们都出去 我要和巴特拉夫人谈一谈 |
[1:11:58] | Don, i want to talk to you. | 唐 我要和你谈一谈 |
[1:12:02] | I’ll call you later at your office. | 我随后给你电话 |
[1:12:04] | Thank you, frank. Close the door, eh? | 谢谢 弗兰克 请关上门 |
[1:12:12] | I want to apologize for the chief’s use of language. | 我为队长的措辞道歉 |
[1:12:17] | I don’t like none of you people. | 你们这的人 我都不喜欢 |
[1:12:20] | Then let’s cut through the formalities. | 那我就直奔主题吧 |
[1:12:23] | What do you want? | 你想要什么? |
[1:12:24] | Clark! | 克拉克 |
[1:12:25] | Just like that. Head on a platter. | 就那样 要他的脑袋 |
[1:12:28] | You think i got an attitude. | 你认为呢? |
[1:12:31] | Let me tell you what i think. | 那么我告诉你我是怎么想的 |
[1:12:34] | You like clark because he’s a guard dog, | 你喜欢克拉克 因为他是你的看门狗 |
[1:12:37] | does your dirty work, keeps the black folk in line. | 做着肮脏的活 帮你们控制黑人 |
[1:12:39] | That’s fine, but you got to get re-elected. | 这没什么 但是你要参加选举了 |
[1:12:41] | I got enough folks lined up with me | 我有足够的人跟我站在一起 |
[1:12:44] | to give you a damn hard time, and i’ll get more. | 我会给你制造困难 而且我的人越来越多 |
[1:12:48] | Unless i do what? | 除非怎样? |
[1:12:50] | Appoint me to the school board | 派我到董事会任职 |
[1:12:53] | so we can vote clark out. | 这样我就能拉票让克拉克滚蛋 |
[1:12:55] | Otherwise we’ll have to vote you out. | 否则我就拉票让你滚蛋 |
[1:12:58] | It’s always a pleasure to see citizens | 我很高兴看到市民们 |
[1:13:01] | avail themselves of the democratic process. | 使用他们民主权利 |
[1:13:03] | My job will be easy. | 我的工作很简单 |
[1:13:05] | You’re not too popular these days, are you? | 这些天啊 你已经很不流行了 不是么 |
[1:13:10] | I’ll sic the fire chief on clark. | 我会让消防队长找克拉克麻烦 |
[1:13:13] | Will that satisfy you? | 你满意了吗? |
[1:13:15] | Yes. And then i’ll get the school board to dismiss him. | 然后 我让校董事会解雇他 |
[1:13:20] | Then you’ll come out publicly for me. | 但是你得支持我 |
[1:13:22] | It’ll be my pleasure, mr. Mayor. | 这是我的荣幸 市长先生 |
[1:13:28] | That barrett is a bitch on wheels. | 巴拉特就是个婊子 |
[1:13:31] | Smart. She’s smart. | 聪明 她很聪明 |
[1:13:34] | Yeah. She got your number. | 是的 她抓住你的要害了 |
[1:13:38] | When am i supposed to do this? | 什么时候办事? |
[1:13:53] | Now we’d just disrupt things. | 现在做我们会坏事的 |
[1:13:55] | Give him another week to prepare for that test. | 再给他一周准备考试 |
[1:13:59] | Then we’ll catch him with chains on the doors. | 然后以大门上锁为由逮捕他 |
[1:14:04] | We nail him, | 我们抓住他 |
[1:14:05] | and we make her happy. | 那个女人就开心了 |
[1:14:08] | Politics. What a business. | 政治 叫什么事啊? |
[1:14:10] | It’s just like yours, putting out fires. | 就像你一样 救火吧 |
[1:14:27] | The mayor’s going to nail me, huh? | 市长要抓我? |
[1:14:29] | What do i always say? | 我怎么说的? |
[1:14:31] | He’s got the hammer and nails himself. | 他说他准备好了 |
[1:14:33] | These are some of my white students. | 这是我一些白人学生 |
[1:14:35] | Frankie, bernard, steve. | 弗兰可 巴纳德 斯蒂芬 |
[1:14:38] | Boys, this is mr. Rosenberg, school attorney. | 孩子们 这是鲁斯伯格 学校的顾问 |
[1:14:41] | Let him hear the school song. | 让他听听我们的校歌 |
[1:14:47] | Fair eastside | |
[1:14:50] | by thy side | by thy side? |
[1:14:52] | We’ll stand | we’ll stand? |
[1:14:53] | And always praise thy name- | |
[1:14:57] | all right! | |
[1:14:58] | I can’t stand this. Needs work, fellas. | 我受不了了 还得练习 伙计们 |
[1:15:01] | Some things you can’t teach. | 一些东西是没有办法教的 |
[1:15:03] | Bad singing isn’t genetic. | 唱不好后天再学吧 |
[1:15:04] | How’s your mother? | 你妈妈怎么样? |
[1:15:06] | She got that job. She’s feeling good. | 她找到工作了 很好 |
[1:15:09] | Girls, what are you doing? | 女孩们 你们在干什么? |
[1:15:11] | The phone’s broken. My baby’s sick. | 电话坏了 我孩子生病了 |
[1:15:14] | Make your call from the office. | 来我办公室打吧 |
[1:15:17] | When will you girls learn? | 你准备什么时候学习? |
[1:15:19] | I ain’t ashamed about my baby. | 我不会为孩子的事感到羞愧 |
[1:15:20] | Nobody’s saying you should be ashamed. | 没人说你应该羞耻 |
[1:15:22] | And she ain’t ashamed of me. | 她也没有为我羞愧 |
[1:15:24] | Whenever she look at me, | 当她看着我 |
[1:15:26] | she don’t see no wrong. | 她没有觉得不正常 |
[1:15:27] | Ok. Go on and make your call. | 好 去打你的电话吧 |
[1:15:30] | Mr. Vanzetti, let these girls make a call. | 瓦兰蒂先生 让这个女孩打个电话 |
[1:15:33] | Hey, mr. Clark. | 嘿 克拉克先生 |
[1:15:35] | We can’t let them know who told you. | 不能让他们知道是谁告诉你的 |
[1:15:38] | Why not? | 为什么? |
[1:15:42] | Mr. Clark, we got a problem. | 克拉克先生 我有一个问题 |
[1:15:44] | How come you leave us out? | 你怎么会排挤我们呢 |
[1:15:47] | Everything’s for the black kids. | 所有的一切都是为黑人设计的 |
[1:15:49] | The gospel chorus, football, basketball | 合唱团 足球 篮球都是为 |
[1:15:51] | is for the blacks. | 黑人设计的 |
[1:15:53] | I’m short. I can’t play basketball. | 我很矮 我不能玩篮球 |
[1:15:55] | The point is, you’re ignoring us. | 重点是 你在忽视我们 |
[1:15:57] | We’re getting really ticked off. | 我们真的很上火 |
[1:15:58] | With a mouth like yours, | 你的口才 |
[1:16:00] | you ought to study law. | 真应该去学法律 |
[1:16:02] | Really? | 真的? |
[1:16:03] | You kids wait for me in my office. | 你们在我的办公室等一下 |
[1:16:06] | If you all talk at once, | 如果你们同时跟我讲 |
[1:16:08] | i can’t do anything. | 我什么也干不了 |
[1:16:10] | I’ll be with you ladies in a minute. | 我等会儿和你们女孩谈 |
[1:16:13] | Boss, you and mr. Rosenberg better wait out here. | 鲍斯 我看你和鲁斯伯格 最好在外面等我 |
[1:16:16] | Miss lynn, give markus a pass. | 林小姐 现在我没有空 |
[1:16:21] | Ms. Levias, is everyone here? | 列维尔斯夫人 人都到齐了吗? |
[1:16:23] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[1:16:24] | Let me have your attention. | 各位注意了 |
[1:16:26] | With the help of my ubiquitous, clandestine informants | 据可靠消息 |
[1:16:29] | i have learned that the mayor has told the fire chief | 市长已经交代消防队长 |
[1:16:31] | to catch me with chains on the doors. | 以锁上学校大门为由逮捕我 |
[1:16:34] | They want to prosecute me and get me out of here. | 他们要起诉我 把我从这赶走 |
[1:16:38] | The security guards are our first line of defense. | 保安是我的第一道防线 |
[1:16:41] | If you see the fire chief, stop him at the gates. | 如果你们看到消防队长 在大门口堵住他 |
[1:16:45] | Call in code 10 on your walkie-talkies. | 用你们的对讲机喊 10号 |
[1:16:48] | We will repeat code 10 on the p.a. System. | 我们对讲系统重复10号 |
[1:16:52] | All teachers and guards have keys to the exit doors. | 所有的老师和保安 带着钥匙 到出口处 |
[1:16:55] | When you hear code 10, | 当你们听到10号 |
[1:16:57] | proceed to your assigned door and remove the chains. | 去各自负责的地方开锁 |
[1:17:03] | Guards, resume your posts. Ms. Levias, take over. | 列维尔斯夫人 你们继续 |
[1:17:06] | Tell those kids in my office to meet me here 7th period. | 告诉这些孩子 第七节课在我的办公室见面 |
[1:17:10] | How did it go? | 怎么样? |
[1:17:12] | It’s under control. | 都在控制中 |
[1:17:14] | I have the progress report | 我要报告阅读项目的进程 |
[1:17:16] | on the reading program. | |
[1:17:18] | I thought you’d like to hear it. | 我认为你会愿意听的 |
[1:17:21] | I would like to hear it. | 我洗耳恭听 |
[1:17:22] | I’d also like to hear the kids in my office, | 我也想跟我的孩子们在办公室听 |
[1:17:26] | and mr. Rosenberg, and dr. Napier. | 鲁斯伯格先生 奈皮尔博士 |
[1:17:27] | I can’t be 10 different places at the same time. | 但我不能同时分身啊 |
[1:17:29] | Maybe my vice principal can do something without me for once. | 也许我的副校长可以自己独立解决一些事 |
[1:17:36] | Mr. Clark. | 克拉克先生 |
[1:17:38] | I’ll help you 7th period. | 第七节课 我帮你 |
[1:17:44] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[1:17:56] | Good night, mr. Clark. | 晚安 克拉克先生 |
[1:17:58] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[1:18:02] | Mr. Clark. | 克拉克先生 |
[1:18:04] | Yes, ms. Levias. | 是的 列维尔斯夫人 |
[1:18:06] | May i talk to you for a minute, please? | 我可以占用你几分钟么? |
[1:18:10] | What do you want? | 你想要干什么? |
[1:18:11] | I want you to transfer me. | 我想调走 |
[1:18:13] | To where? | 到哪 |
[1:18:15] | Out of here. | 离开这儿 |
[1:18:16] | This doesn’t surprise me. | 我一点都不惊讶 |
[1:18:18] | I’ve sensed resistance in you since our very first meeting. | 从我们的第一次见面 我就感到你的抵触心理 |
[1:18:22] | You’re an egomaniacal windbag. | 你个自大狂 |
[1:18:25] | Who you talking to? You! | 你在跟谁说话? 你 |
[1:18:26] | You like to whip people who can’t fight back. | 你喜欢鞭策那些无力反驳你的人 |
[1:18:29] | I thought i could take it because i had a father | 我认为我可以忍受 |
[1:18:32] | in the same kind of pain | 是因为我也有一个你这样的 |
[1:18:33] | that makes you such a bastard, | 让人头疼的父亲 |
[1:18:34] | but i was wrong. Life is much too short. | 但我错了 人生短暂 |
[1:18:35] | I will not endure you any longer. | 我再也不想忍受你了 |
[1:18:39] | The only reason i haven’t walked out | 我们这一半的员工 |
[1:18:41] | and half the staff with me | 之所以没有离开 |
[1:18:44] | is because those children need us. | 是因为这些孩子需要我们 |
[1:18:46] | You’re so busy talking discipline, | 而你就知道制定纪律 |
[1:18:48] | you forget to educate. | 你都忘记教育他们了 |
[1:18:50] | What the hell do you think i’ve been doing here? | 那你以为我在这干什么? |
[1:18:53] | You cleaned it up. That was easy. | 你只是清洁了校园 很简单的事 |
[1:18:56] | Those children want to be helped. | 那些孩子需要帮助 |
[1:18:58] | They’ve done everything we’ve asked, | 他们按照我说的做 |
[1:19:00] | but i feel sorry for them. | 但我觉得对不起他们 |
[1:19:01] | They’re not ready to take that test. | 他们还没有准备好接受测试 |
[1:19:03] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你他妈的以为你在说什么? |
[1:19:06] | I have done everything- | |
[1:19:08] | i. It is always i. | 我已经做了一切 我 总是我 |
[1:19:10] | There are 300 teachers here. | 这有300个老师 |
[1:19:12] | You don’t do it alone. | 不是你一个人在做 |
[1:19:14] | I don’t have to listen to these accusations. | 我不需要听你在这指责 |
[1:19:17] | You will listen! | 你要听 |
[1:19:19] | All right, ms. Levias, go ahead and talk. | 好吧 列维尔斯夫人 继续说吧 |
[1:19:23] | You’ve been flapping your mouth, | 一直以来 你的嘴巴一直不停地讲 |
[1:19:24] | and you haven’t heard a thing. | 你从未听进一句话 |
[1:19:26] | You haven’t seen what’s painfully obvious. | 你连最明显的东西也看不到 |
[1:19:27] | I’ll tell you what- | 我要告诉你 |
[1:19:30] | no, let me finish! | 不 让我说完 |
[1:19:32] | Everybody here may not like you, | 这里没人喜欢你 |
[1:19:35] | but we all applaud your effort. | 但是我们都很感谢你的努力 |
[1:19:37] | What you don’t understand | 但是你不领情 |
[1:19:39] | is the same people who support you | 你只是一味的 |
[1:19:43] | are the ones you’re beating up! | 打击支持你的人 |
[1:19:45] | You don’t even say thank you. | 你甚至没说过一句“谢谢” |
[1:19:47] | You just constantly abuse them, | 你只知道侮辱他们 |
[1:19:49] | criticize them. | 讽刺他们 |
[1:19:51] | What the hell do you want from me? | 你想从我这得到什么? |
[1:19:54] | I want you to get this straight. | 我想要你清楚 |
[1:19:57] | Most of the teachers are here because they care | 大多数老师留在这 |
[1:20:01] | about those children, this school, this fight. | 因为他们在意这里的孩子 这个学校 这场战争 |
[1:20:03] | They’re in it with you. | 他们和你在一起 |
[1:20:06] | They take it home the same as you. | 跟你一样 把这里当成家 |
[1:20:07] | They are part of those children’s lives. | 他们是孩子们生活的一部分 |
[1:20:09] | You are thoughtless and cruel, | 可你呢 冷酷无情 |
[1:20:12] | and it hurts. | 伤害别人的自尊 |
[1:20:13] | And none of them deserve it. | 没有人应受这样的对待 |
[1:20:16] | They are sick of it, and so am i. | 他们厌倦了 我也一样 |
[1:20:43] | Ms. Levias. | 列维尔斯夫人 |
[1:20:44] | What’s this? | 这是什么? |
[1:20:45] | The transfer you asked for. | 你要的调职信 |
[1:21:00] | All right, people. Here we are. | 同学们 我们终于 |
[1:21:03] | This is the day. | 到这一天了 |
[1:21:05] | In one hour, | 再过一个小时 |
[1:21:06] | you’re going to take an exam administered by the state | 你们就要参加由州组织的测试 |
[1:21:10] | to test your basic skills | 以测试你们的基本技能 |
[1:21:12] | and the quality of education at eastside high. | 和易斯特赛德高中的教学质量 |
[1:21:15] | And i want to tell you | 我想告诉你们 |
[1:21:18] | what the people out there are saying about you | 有的人怎么说你们 |
[1:21:21] | and what they think about your chances. | 怎么看你们 |
[1:21:23] | They say you are inferior. | 他们说你们是差等生 |
[1:21:25] | Come on! | |
[1:21:26] | Come on! | |
[1:21:28] | Come on! Come on! | |
[1:21:31] | “You are just a bunch of niggers and spics and poor white trash.” | 你们仅仅是一群黑鬼 西班牙人和贫穷的白人组成的垃圾团体 |
[1:21:37] | “Education is wasted on you.” | 你们在浪费教育资源 |
[1:21:41] | “You cannot learn!” | 你们不会学习 |
[1:21:44] | You’re lost! | 你们是失败者 |
[1:21:48] | I mean all of you. | 我说的是你们所有人 |
[1:21:50] | I want all the white students to stand up. | 我要所有的白人同学站起来 |
[1:21:54] | All my white students, stand up. | 所有我的白人学生 起立 |
[1:21:56] | Come on. | 来 |
[1:21:58] | Stand up. Stand up. | 站起来 站起来 |
[1:22:00] | That’s it. Come on, stand up. | 就这样 站起来 |
[1:22:03] | These are my white children, | 这是我的白人学生 |
[1:22:05] | and they’re the same as all of you. | 他们同你们一样 |
[1:22:08] | They’ve got no place to go. | 没有地方可去 |
[1:22:10] | Otherwise, they would have abandoned us a long time ago, | 否则 他们早就弃我们而去了 |
[1:22:14] | but they couldn’t. | 但他们没有 |
[1:22:17] | So here they are at eastside, just like the rest of us. | 和我们一样 留在易斯特赛德高中 |
[1:22:21] | You can sit down. | 你们可以坐下了 |
[1:22:23] | Are you getting my point, people? | 明白我的意思了吗? |
[1:22:25] | Yes! | 是的 |
[1:22:26] | Is it sinking in? | 听进去了么? |
[1:22:28] | Yes! | 是的 |
[1:22:29] | We sink, we swim. | 我们风雨同舟 荣辱与共 |
[1:22:32] | We rise, we fall. | 我们共生死 |
[1:22:34] | We meet our fate together! | 一起面对我们的命运! |
[1:22:41] | Now, it took the help of a good, good friend | 现在 由于一位好朋友的帮助 |
[1:22:47] | to make me know and understand that, | 我明白了这个道理 |
[1:22:51] | and i do understand it, and i’m grateful. | 我懂了 谢谢 |
[1:22:54] | I’m eternally grateful. | 我真的很感激 |
[1:22:59] | And i’ve got a message for those people out there | 我也有话想对那些 |
[1:23:03] | who’ve abandoned you and written you off. | 放弃你们 看不起你们的人说 |
[1:23:06] | Can you hear me? | 你们听到吗? |
[1:23:08] | Yes! | 听到 |
[1:23:09] | Can you hear me? | 能听到吗? |
[1:23:10] | Yes! | 听到 |
[1:23:12] | Good! | 好 |
[1:23:13] | You are not inferior! | 你们不是差等生 |
[1:23:20] | Your grades may be. | 也许你们的分数不高 |
[1:23:22] | Your school may have been. | 你们的学校不好 |
[1:23:24] | But you can turn that around | 但是你们可以在一个小时后 改变一切 |
[1:23:27] | and make liars out of those bastards | 让这些混蛋们的谎言全部破碎 |
[1:23:30] | in exactly one hour! | |
[1:23:31] | You’ll take that test, pass it, and win! | 你们会参加考试 通过考试 并且赢得考试 |
[1:23:41] | So here’s what i want you to do. | 现在我给你们一些意见 |
[1:23:46] | When you find your minds wandering, | 当你们思想游走时 |
[1:23:49] | i want you to knuckle back down and concentrate. | 把你们的注意力拉回来 集中 |
[1:23:52] | Concentrate! | 再集中 |
[1:23:55] | Remember what’s at stake | 记住什么是存亡关头 |
[1:23:56] | and show them what eastside high is all about- | 让他们见识一下易斯特赛德高中 |
[1:24:00] | a spirit that will not die! | 永存的精神 |
[1:24:20] | Sometimes in our lives | 人生中 有时有痛苦 |
[1:24:25] | we all have pain | |
[1:24:28] | we all have sorrow | 和悲伤 |
[1:24:33] | but if we are wise | 但是 理智 |
[1:24:37] | we know that there’s always tomorrow | 使我们相信 总有明天 |
[1:24:43] | lean on me | 靠近我(依靠我) |
[1:24:45] | when you’re not strong | |
[1:24:48] | and i’ll be your friend? | |
[1:24:51] | I’ll help you carry on | |
[1:24:55] | for it won’t be long | |
[1:24:59] | till i’m gonna need | |
[1:25:02] | somebody to lean on | |
[1:25:06] | you just call on me, brother | |
[1:25:08] | when you need a hand | |
[1:25:11] | we all need somebody to lean on | |
[1:25:16] | i just might have a problem? | |
[1:25:19] | That you’ll understand | |
[1:25:22] | we all need somebody to lean on | |
[1:25:26] | why don’t you lean on me? | |
[1:25:29] | Lean on me | |
[1:25:31] | if you need a friend | |
[1:25:33] | you can lean on me | |
[1:25:36] | i’ll be your friend | |
[1:25:38] | lean on me | |
[1:25:39] | you can lean on me | |
[1:25:41] | come on and lean on me | |
[1:25:43] | lean on me | |
[1:25:44] | you can lean on me | |
[1:25:47] | please, won’t you swallow your pride? | |
[1:25:51] | If i have things | |
[1:25:54] | you need to borrow | |
[1:25:58] | for no one can fill those of your needs | |
[1:26:04] | that you won’t let go | |
[1:26:07] | why don’t you just lean on? | |
[1:26:09] | Anytime | |
[1:26:11] | lean on | |
[1:26:12] | come on and lean on | |
[1:26:13] | lean on me, you can lean on me | |
[1:26:16] | if you need a friend | |
[1:26:18] | lean on me | |
[1:26:20] | you can lean on me | |
[1:26:21] | and if you got a problem | |
[1:26:24] | you can lean on me | |
[1:26:27] | i’m your problem solver? | |
[1:26:29] | You can lean on me | |
[1:26:31] | why don’t you lean? | |
[1:26:33] | Lean on me | |
[1:26:34] | uh-huh | |
[1:26:36] | come on and lean on me | |
[1:26:39] | you can lean on me | |
[1:26:41] | call on me, brother | |
[1:26:43] | you can lean on me | |
[1:26:44] | sister, give me your hand | |
[1:26:47] | lean on me, you can lean on me | |
[1:26:50] | you can, you can, you can | |
[1:26:52] | lean on me, you can lean on me | |
[1:26:55] | swallow up your pride | |
[1:26:57] | lean on me, you can lean on… | |
[1:27:00] | please, children, people | |
[1:27:04] | lean on me, oh | |
[1:27:18] | eastside! | |
[1:27:19] | Eastside! Eastside! | 易斯特赛德 |
[1:27:21] | Eastside! Eastside! | Eastside! |
[1:27:25] | Eastside! Eastside! | Eastside! |
[1:27:27] | Eastside! Eastside! Eastside! Eastside… | |
[1:27:46] | dum dum-dum-dum-dum | |
[1:27:49] | dum-dum-dum-dum | |
[1:27:52] | dum-dum-dum dum-dum | |
[1:27:56] | dum-dum | |
[1:27:57] | sometimes in our lives | |
[1:28:00] | we all have pain | |
[1:28:03] | we all have sorrow | |
[1:28:07] | dum-dum-dum | |
[1:28:08] | but if we are wise | |
[1:28:11] | we know that there’s always tomorrow | |
[1:28:18] | i told you these things take time. | 我告诉你 这事需要时间 |
[1:28:20] | Just how long am i supposed to wait? | 那我还要等多久? |
[1:28:23] | You boys are messing with the wrong female. | 你们在搞什么鬼? |
[1:28:26] | He won’t let me in. | 他不让我进去 |
[1:28:28] | What’s going on? | 怎么了? |
[1:28:29] | Would you talk to her? | 你能跟她谈吗? |
[1:28:31] | I thought we had made a deal. | 我想我们已经达成协议了 |
[1:28:34] | Don’t broadcast it all over town. | 别在宣扬了 |
[1:28:37] | I have got a school board meeting tonight | 今晚有个董事会议 |
[1:28:40] | and enough votes to get clark kicked out | 会有足够的票 让克拉克滚蛋 |
[1:28:42] | if i can prove he’s chained those doors. | 如果我们能证实他用铁链锁门了 |
[1:28:43] | We can get that if you move on him today. | 如果今天逮到他 我们还可以找到证据 |
[1:28:47] | Chief gaines already tried that. | 盖尼斯队长已经试过了 |
[1:28:49] | Bullshit! I’ve made promises of my own. | 狗屎 我做了我的承诺 |
[1:28:51] | I’ve got people with me right now. | 我有人在这里 |
[1:28:53] | If i can’t deliver- | 如果我不能兑现 |
[1:28:55] | just a minute. | 等一会儿 |
[1:28:56] | And i do not issue idle threats. | 那就不止威胁了 |
[1:28:59] | Then don’t, because i don’t want to hear it. | 不要这样 我不想听 |
[1:29:06] | Ok, chief. | 队长 |
[1:29:08] | Mrs. Barrett was promised some action. | 我们许诺了巴拉特夫人要行动 |
[1:29:10] | I think it’s time we get a court order | 我想是时候申请法院指令了 |
[1:29:14] | and get you past those guards. | 这样你就可以通过门卫了 |
[1:29:16] | Sounds good to me. | 这主意听起来不错 |
[1:29:19] | He ain’t worth it. | 他不值得你伤心 |
[1:29:21] | Jerk. | 卑鄙小人 |
[1:29:22] | That’s right. He’s a jerk. | 对的 他是个卑鄙小人 |
[1:29:24] | I told you that. | 我跟你说过 |
[1:29:26] | You don’t listen to me. | 可你不听 |
[1:29:28] | What are you two ladies doing in here? | 你们两个在这做什么? |
[1:29:31] | Lillian, aren’t you supposed to be in class? | 莉莉娅 你不是应该在教室里吗? |
[1:29:36] | Huh? | 额? |
[1:29:38] | Kaneesha? | 肯尼沙? |
[1:29:40] | What’s going on here? | 发生什么了? |
[1:29:42] | Lillian? | 莉莉娅? |
[1:29:43] | What is this? | 这是什么? |
[1:29:44] | You’ll have to ask her. | 你得问她 |
[1:29:46] | Kaneesha, what’s the matter? | 肯尼沙? 怎么了? |
[1:29:51] | I got pregnant. | 我怀孕了 |
[1:29:56] | Please don’t be mad at me. | 不要对我发火 |
[1:30:00] | Let me talk to her alone. | 让我和他单独谈谈 |
[1:30:11] | Did you tell your mother? | 你告诉你妈妈了吗? |
[1:30:13] | I can’t. | 我不敢 |
[1:30:16] | Reggie’s the father? | 爸爸是里奇吗? |
[1:30:18] | He says it’s not his, but i know it is. | 他说不是的 但我知道是的 |
[1:30:20] | I’ve never been with no other boys. | 我没有和别的男孩在一起 |
[1:30:23] | I never meant for this to happen. | 我从没想过会发生这事 |
[1:30:26] | You girls never do. | 女孩们从来都不是想这样 |
[1:30:27] | So many of you bringing babies into this world | 很多女孩把宝贝带来这个世界 |
[1:30:31] | just to prove you can accomplish something. | 只是为了证明自己多能干 |
[1:30:34] | And you’re doing so well now, kaneesha. | 你已经做的很好了 肯尼沙 |
[1:30:37] | There are other alternatives. | 还有很多别的选择 |
[1:30:39] | I’m scared. I don’t know what to do. | 我害怕 我不知道该怎么办 |
[1:30:42] | I’ll tell you what we’ll do. | 我会告诉你 |
[1:30:44] | We’ll have your mother come to the school. | 我会让你的妈妈来学校 |
[1:30:47] | We’ll put our heads together. | 我们一起想办法 |
[1:30:49] | I’m sure we’ll be able to help you decide | 我相信我们一定能帮助你 |
[1:30:53] | what’s best for you to do. Trust me? | 做出最好的选择 相信我 好吗? |
[1:30:57] | Mr. Clark! | 克拉克先生 |
[1:30:58] | 8:00 a.m. I’ll call your mother. | 上午8点 我会给她打电话的 |
[1:31:01] | What is it? | 怎么了? |
[1:31:02] | The fire chief. | 消防队长 |
[1:31:04] | He got past the gate. | 他已经进大门了 |
[1:31:06] | Code 10! Get those chains off the door! | 10号 10号 打开所有大门 |
[1:31:09] | The enemy’s here! | 敌人来了 |
[1:31:11] | We got it locked, mr. Clark. | 门都还锁着 克拉克先生 |
[1:31:15] | Mr. Clark, you’re under arrest. | 克拉克先生 你被捕了 |
[1:31:20] | For what? | 为什么? |
[1:31:21] | Basically for being an asshole. | 根本上来说 你是个白痴 |
[1:31:23] | Specifically for conspiracy to violate of the fire code. | 其次因为你破坏消防法 |
[1:31:26] | I got no problem with the fire code. | 这跟消防法没关系 |
[1:31:27] | The only problem here is you. | 唯一的问题是你 |
[1:31:29] | And your problem is your mouth. | 你的问题就是你这张嘴 |
[1:31:31] | Joe: Get those chains off the doors! | 打开所有铁链 |
[1:31:33] | The enemy’s here! | 敌人来了 |
[1:31:35] | Guard: We got it locked, mr. Clark. | 门都还锁着 克拉克先生 |
[1:31:38] | Cuff him! | 铐上 |
[1:31:41] | Hey, mr. Clark! | 嘿 克拉克先生 |
[1:31:43] | What’s this all about? | 为什么抓你? |
[1:31:45] | It’s about someone finally standing up to this man | 这是因为有人勇敢的抵制他 |
[1:31:49] | instead of taking his orders like a maid. | 而不是像女佣一样服从他 |
[1:31:52] | How dare you speak like that! | 你胆敢这样说话 |
[1:31:54] | Mrs. Barrett- | 巴拉特夫人 |
[1:31:55] | shut up! You’re finished! | 闭嘴 你完了 |
[1:31:57] | The school board will hear this at 7:00, | 校董事会 7点钟 会开听证会 |
[1:31:59] | and we’ll vote your black ass out. | 我们会投票让你这个黑鬼滚蛋 |
[1:32:02] | Yo, bitch, vote on this! | 你 婊子 投什么票 |
[1:32:04] | You go to class! | 你回教室 |
[1:32:05] | You’re acting principal now. | 你现在是代理校长 |
[1:32:07] | I expect you to perform as i would. | 我希望你像我那么干 |
[1:32:10] | What- what’s going on? | 发生什么了? |
[1:32:12] | What did you do? | 你干什么了? |
[1:32:14] | I chained the doors. | 我用铁链锁门了 |
[1:32:15] | You break the law, you pay the price. | 你犯法了 就该付出代价 |
[1:32:26] | We still got to go to class? | 我们还要回去上课吗? |
[1:32:28] | Yes. All of you, get back to class! Now! | 对 所有人 都回你们课堂去 现在就去 |
[1:32:32] | Mr. Clark… | 克拉克先生 |
[1:32:33] | go on! | 回去 |
[1:32:35] | Who will look after the school? | 谁来管学校? |
[1:32:38] | Go on! Get back to class! | 回去 回去上课 |
[1:32:39] | Get back in there, all of you! Go on! | 进去 所有人都回去 |
[1:32:44] | Ms. Levias, they’re your responsibility! | 列维尔斯夫人 现在是你的责任了 |
[1:32:59] | I guess we ought to be getting out of here, joe. | 我看我们要离开这儿了 乔 |
[1:33:03] | That school board meeting’s about to begin. | 校董事会议就要开始了 |
[1:33:08] | Do whatever we can. | 我们尽力 |
[1:33:12] | Have you thought about a new line of work? | 你想过换工作吗? |
[1:33:15] | Perhaps an exciting career in electronics? | 也许电子行业不错 |
[1:33:20] | It’s just a little joke. | 只是个小玩笑 |
[1:33:24] | I’m going. | 我要走了 |
[1:33:35] | I’ve got no complaints, joe. | 我没有什么可抱怨的 |
[1:33:37] | As far as i’m concerned, | |
[1:33:39] | what you accomplished down at that school | 你为这个学校所做的 |
[1:33:42] | was a goddamn miracle. | 是个奇迹 |
[1:33:44] | Those kids have a light in their eyes now | 这些孩子的眼睛里闪着光芒 |
[1:33:47] | that was never, never there before. | 这从未有过 |
[1:33:54] | Thanks, boss. | 谢谢 头儿 |
[1:34:00] | You know, i’m always trying to teach my kids | 你知道吗 我一直教育我的孩子们 |
[1:34:04] | to stay out of jail. | 远离监狱 |
[1:34:08] | Look at me. | 看看我 |
[1:34:12] | You go on. | 你走吧 |
[1:34:13] | Do what you got to do. | 做你该做的事 |
[1:34:26] | He has failed at his professional task. | 他没有做好分内的事 |
[1:34:29] | We brought him in to save our school | 我们请他来 是为了拯救学校 |
[1:34:32] | from a takeover from the state. | 免得被州政府接管 |
[1:34:35] | That was the mandate from our mayor. | 这是市长的命令 |
[1:34:38] | But the test scores on the practice exam | 但是学生实习测试的成绩 |
[1:34:41] | were 35% below passing. | 比要求低35% |
[1:34:44] | Now, maybe if we dump him now | 现在 如果我们把他拉下来 |
[1:34:47] | and get a new principal ourselves- | 重新任命一名新校长 |
[1:34:49] | show the state that we’re doing something- | 让州政府看到我们正在采取措施 |
[1:34:52] | we can pre-empt the takeover, | 我们也许就不会被接管 |
[1:34:54] | but only if we get him out | 但是 只有在这次这次考试成绩出来之前 |
[1:34:57] | before those final test scores come back. | 赶走他 |
[1:35:00] | After that, it’ll be too late. | 否则就太晚了 |
[1:35:03] | This board won’t have any power. | 那时董事会将没有任何权利 |
[1:35:05] | It’ll be nothing but a rubber stamp. | 就像一个橡皮图章 |
[1:35:09] | Mrs. Arthur, those are the facts. | 阿瑟夫人 这是事实 |
[1:35:13] | I appreciate your personal loyalty to mr. Clark, | 我很欣赏你对克拉克先生的忠诚 |
[1:35:17] | but he has let our children down | 但是他让我们的孩子失望了 |
[1:35:19] | and our loyalty should be to them. | 我们要对孩子们忠诚 |
[1:35:21] | Our loyalty should be to the man we hired. | 我们要对我们雇佣的那个人忠诚 |
[1:35:27] | Order! Order! | 秩序 秩序 |
[1:35:49] | Free mr. Clark! | 放了克拉克先生 |
[1:35:54] | Free mr. Clark! | |
[1:36:07] | Free mr. Clark! | 放了克拉克先生 |
[1:36:10] | Napier: Order, ladies and gentlemen! | 各位请保持秩序 |
[1:36:14] | Order, please! | |
[1:36:16] | We cannot continue this meeting | 我们无法继续会议了 |
[1:36:18] | with this kind of chaos! Please! | 孩子们闹起来了 |
[1:36:20] | Sit down! Come to order! | 坐下 保持秩序 |
[1:36:22] | Dr. Napier, | dr. Napier, 奈皮尔博士 |
[1:36:25] | i think you should call the question now. | 现在可以投票了 |
[1:36:29] | I cannot call the question. | 现在不行 |
[1:36:31] | All points of view seem to have been exhausted here. | 所有观点都澄清了 |
[1:36:34] | No further purpose will be served by this. | 没有其他任务了 |
[1:36:36] | Why don’t you have someone on the board- | 为什么不让董事会的人 |
[1:36:39] | mr. Clark’s students have assembled outside | 克拉克先生的学生聚集在外面 |
[1:36:42] | in an exercise of their first amendment rights. | 使用他们的第一修正权 |
[1:36:45] | How many? | 多少人? |
[1:36:47] | It looks like all of them. | 好像都来了 |
[1:36:49] | Free mr. Clark! | 放了克拉克先生 |
[1:36:51] | Free mr. Clark! | |
[1:37:03] | We’re in a tough spot here. | 我们现在难办了 |
[1:37:05] | I have to ask your help, joe. | 我们需要你的帮忙 乔 |
[1:37:08] | It’s not for me. It’s for those kids. | 不是为了我 为了这些孩子们 |
[1:37:11] | They’re very emotional. They’re all jacked up. | 他们很冲动 太激动了 |
[1:37:14] | You have to send them home. | 你得让他们回家 |
[1:37:15] | I don’t have to do nothing but stay black and die. | 我什么也做不了 |
[1:37:20] | For crying out loud. | 喊得太大声了 |
[1:37:22] | Free mr. Clark! | 放了克拉克先生 |
[1:37:23] | Free mr. Clark! | |
[1:37:25] | Free mr. Clark! | |
[1:37:26] | Free mr. Clark! | |
[1:37:28] | Free mr. Clark! | |
[1:37:31] | People, before this gets out of hand, | 同学们 在失去控制前 |
[1:37:34] | listen, for your own safety, listen to me! | 听着 为了你们的安全 听我说 |
[1:37:38] | Free mr. Clark! | 放了克拉克先生 |
[1:37:39] | Free mr. Clark! | |
[1:37:43] | All right, joe. Let me put it this way. | 好吧 乔 这样 |
[1:37:47] | First, i wanted you to succeed. | 首先 我希望你成功 |
[1:37:49] | Now, don’t think that i ever wanted anything else. | 不要认为我有什么其他想法 |
[1:37:53] | But you’re a realist, joe, just like me. | 你是个现实主义者 就像我一样 |
[1:37:56] | Think what would happen | 想想现在的状况 |
[1:37:58] | if there was a riot | 如果发生暴乱 |
[1:38:00] | and cops had to clear that square. | 警察就得清理现场 |
[1:38:03] | I’d have law and order on my side, | 而法律和秩序都站在我这一边 |
[1:38:06] | and the only people who’d be hurt | 唯一被伤害的人 |
[1:38:09] | would be your kids. | 就是你那群孩子 |
[1:38:11] | Free mr. Clark! | 放了克拉克先生 |
[1:38:13] | Free mr. Clark! | |
[1:38:14] | Free mr. Clark! | |
[1:38:16] | Free mr. Clark! | |
[1:38:17] | Free mr. Clark! | |
[1:38:19] | Listen to me! | 听我说 |
[1:38:20] | People, please! | 各位 请听我说 |
[1:38:22] | You must all disperse and return to your homes! | 现在马上离开 回家去 |
[1:38:27] | Your presence here is helping no one. | 你们在这没有任何帮助 |
[1:38:29] | Why don’t you use your brains and listen? | 为什么不动你们大脑想一想呢? |
[1:38:32] | Free mr. Clark! | 放了克拉克先生 |
[1:38:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:38:44] | Listen up. | 注意了 |
[1:38:45] | Settle down. Give her a chance to talk. | 安静下来 给她发言的机会 |
[1:38:48] | She might actually have something to say. | 她也许有话要说 |
[1:38:50] | Chill. Settle down. | 安静 冷静下来 |
[1:38:51] | Let’s listen to the old loudmouthed wench. | 让我们听听这个老荡妇有什么可说的 |
[1:38:56] | Here you go, barrett. | 说吧 巴拉特 |
[1:38:57] | Here you go. | |
[1:39:01] | You can call me what you want, | 你们叫我什么都可以 |
[1:39:04] | but the simple fact is | 但事实就是 |
[1:39:06] | mr. Clark has broken the laws of this state | 克拉克先生违反了州法律 |
[1:39:10] | and exposed you all to grave danger. | 把你们推入危险的境地 |
[1:39:18] | His behavior is irresponsible. | 他的行为是不负责任的 |
[1:39:19] | Chaining those doors was a criminal act. | 用铁链锁门是罪犯的行为 |
[1:39:22] | Why do you think they call him “crazy joe”? | 为什么人们称呼他为疯子乔 |
[1:39:24] | Because you don’t understand him. | 因为你们不理解他 |
[1:39:27] | Yeah. That’s right. | |
[1:39:29] | He chained those doors | 他用铁链锁门 |
[1:39:31] | to keep out the drug dealers. | 是为了把毒贩挡在外面 |
[1:39:33] | You’re twisting the law. | 你在扭曲法律 |
[1:39:35] | The laws are made to protect the people. | 法律是用来保护人们的 |
[1:39:38] | That’s what he’s doing for us. | 这就是他所做的 |
[1:39:41] | Yes! | 对 |
[1:39:43] | The thing that you don’t understand | 你不会明白 |
[1:39:46] | is that mr. Clark believes in us. | 克拉克先生 对我们的信任 |
[1:39:49] | He doesn’t believe in you! | 他不信任你 |
[1:39:51] | You don’t take care | 因为你没有尽到你的责任 |
[1:39:52] | of your responsibility! | |
[1:39:54] | Despite what he himself may believe, | 不管他相信什么 |
[1:39:57] | mr. Clark is not eastside high! | 克拉克先生不属于易斯特赛德高中 |
[1:40:00] | Mr. Clark is not only eastside high. | 克拉克先生不仅代表易斯特赛德高中 |
[1:40:03] | Mr. Clark is like a father, | 而且还是我们这群人 |
[1:40:05] | the only father some of us know. | 所共有的父亲 |
[1:40:08] | You don’t know a thing | 你对克拉克先生根本不了解 |
[1:40:10] | about mr. Clark! | |
[1:40:11] | People! People, just hear me! | 同学们 听我说 |
[1:40:13] | The school board is meeting right now, | 校董事会议正在进行 |
[1:40:16] | and we will give you what eastside high deserves- | 我们会给你们一个你们值得拥有的 |
[1:40:20] | a good principal. | 好校长 |
[1:40:21] | We don’t want a good principal! | 我们不要 |
[1:40:24] | We want mr. Clark! | 我们只要克拉克先生 |
[1:40:26] | You may think you know what you want, | 你以为你知道你们想要什么? |
[1:40:29] | but the question is what is best for you, | 但问题是什么样的校长对你们来说最好 |
[1:40:32] | for eastside high. | 对易斯特赛德高中最好 |
[1:40:34] | This thing’s getting out of hand. | 快要失控了 |
[1:40:37] | Talk to them, please. | 跟他们说几句吧 |
[1:40:39] | …to see that this gets resolved | 我们要解决这个问题 |
[1:40:41] | so that you can continue your education. | 你也可以继续你的教育 |
[1:40:44] | Free mr. Clark! | 放了克拉克先生 |
[1:40:49] | People! People… | 同学们 |
[1:41:02] | yay! | |
[1:41:03] | All right! | 好吧 |
[1:41:11] | I wonder why i can’t get this kind of turnout | 我想知道我为什么不能召集这么多人来 |
[1:41:15] | for study hall. | 上自习 |
[1:41:19] | All right, now. | 好吧 |
[1:41:20] | Kids, this is all very nice, | 你们做的很棒 |
[1:41:23] | but now i’m going to insist that you all go home | 但现在 我要求你们回去 |
[1:41:27] | and let the laws of the land prevail. | 让法律来判决 |
[1:41:30] | No! | 不 |
[1:41:31] | No! No! No! | 不 不 |
[1:41:33] | No! No! No! | |
[1:41:34] | Now, listen. | 听着 |
[1:41:36] | Listen. | |
[1:41:37] | If i’ve taught you anything, | 如果我曾经教过你们什么 |
[1:41:40] | i have tried to give you respect for the law. | 那就是尊重法律 |
[1:41:44] | Now, i want you all to go home | 现在 所有人回家去 |
[1:41:47] | in an orderly fashion! | 有秩序的回家 |
[1:41:49] | No! No! No! | |
[1:41:51] | Your voices have been heard! | 大家已经听到你们的心声了 |
[1:41:53] | No! No! No! | |
[1:41:57] | I appreciate your concern for me. | 我很高兴你们在乎我 |
[1:42:01] | No! No! No! | |
[1:42:02] | But now is the time to go home. | 现在是时候回家了 |
[1:42:05] | No! No! No! | |
[1:42:07] | Kids, listen. You’re not helping the matters any. | 孩子们 听着 留在这没有帮助 |
[1:42:10] | You’re not helping our cause | 留在这 不是帮助我 |
[1:42:12] | if you stay here. | |
[1:42:14] | No! No! No! | |
[1:42:15] | I thought i left you in charge of these students. | 我不是让你管学校了吗? |
[1:42:18] | You got to read this. | 你得看一下这个 |
[1:42:20] | Is this taking care of your responsibility? | 你的责任呢? |
[1:42:23] | Read it! | 看一下 |
[1:42:25] | No! No! No! | |
[1:42:29] | No! No! No! | |
[1:42:30] | No! No! No! | |
[1:42:32] | No! No! No! | |
[1:42:33] | No! No! No! | |
[1:42:35] | Boss. | |
[1:42:36] | No! No! No! | |
[1:42:37] | No! No! No! | |
[1:42:39] | No! No! No! | |
[1:42:40] | Dr. Napier, it is my duty- | 奈皮尔博士 我有义务 |
[1:42:45] | it is my privilege and my honor to report to you | 并荣幸向你报告这个消息 |
[1:42:49] | that the students of eastside high | 易斯特赛德高中的学生们 |
[1:42:52] | have passed the minimum basic skills test! | 已经通过了基本技能测试 |
[1:43:20] | Mr. Mayor. | 市长 先生 |
[1:43:22] | Boy: Yeah! All right! | |
[1:43:24] | Go get him! | 逮着他了 |
[1:43:26] | Mr. Mayor, on behalf of myself | 市长先生 我代表我自己 |
[1:43:28] | and on behalf of the students of eastside high, | 还有易斯特赛德高中的孩子们 |
[1:43:33] | you can tell the state to go to hell. | 让州政府见鬼去吧 |
[1:43:43] | I told you. | 我告诉过你 |
[1:43:44] | You should not have brought him here… | 不要把他带来 |
[1:43:47] | joe louis clark is not going anywhere. | 乔 路易斯 克拉克哪也不用去了 |
[1:43:55] | Are you ready, my ghosts? | 你们准备好了么 我的灵魂 |
[1:43:57] | Yes! | 是的 |
[1:43:58] | Let me hear it. | 唱起来吧 |
[1:44:00] | 1, 2, 3! 1,2,3 | |
[1:44:03] | Fair eastside | |
[1:44:06] | by thy side we’ll stand? | |
[1:44:08] | And always praise thy name | |
[1:44:13] | to ever lend our hearts and hands | |
[1:44:18] | congratulations. | 祝贺你 |
[1:44:19] | Come on, son. | |
[1:44:21] | …thy fame | |
[1:44:23] | the honor of old eastside high | |
[1:44:28] | brings forth our loyalty | |
[1:44:32] | so cheer for dear old eastside high | |
[1:44:37] | lead on to victory | |
[1:44:42] | so cheer for dear old eastside high | |
[1:44:47] | lead on to victory | |
[1:44:57] | lean on me | |
[1:44:59] | when you’re not strong | |
[1:45:03] | and i’ll be your friend? | |
[1:45:06] | I’ll help you carry on | |
[1:45:10] | for i know | |
[1:45:13] | that it won’t be long | |
[1:45:16] | till i’m gonna need | |
[1:45:19] | somebody to lean on | |
[1:45:23] | you just call on me, brother | |
[1:45:27] | call me | |
[1:45:28] | if you feel you need a hand | |
[1:45:30] | ’cause we all need | |
[1:45:32] | somebody | |
[1:45:34] | just to lean on | |
[1:45:37] | oh, i just might have a problem | |
[1:45:41] | a problem | |
[1:45:42] | you’ll understand | |
[1:45:44] | we all need somebody to lean on | |
[1:45:50] | oh oh oh, yeah | |
[1:45:57] | listen, now | |
[1:45:58] | if there is a load | |
[1:46:04] | you have to bear | |
[1:46:06] | that you can’t carry | |
[1:46:11] | just remember | |
[1:46:12] | i, i’m right up the road | |
[1:46:17] | i’ll share your load | |
[1:46:21] | if you just call on me | |
[1:46:24] | you have to call me | |
[1:46:26] | call me | |
[1:46:27] | whenever you’re in trouble | |
[1:46:29] | call me | |
[1:46:31] | i’ll understand | |
[1:46:33] | call me | |
[1:46:34] | we all have pain | |
[1:46:36] | call me | |
[1:46:37] | we all have sorrow | |
[1:46:40] | call me | |
[1:46:41] | hey hey hey | |
[1:46:44] | just lean on me | |
[1:46:48] | lean | |
[1:46:49] | lean on me | |
[1:46:50] | lean on | |
[1:46:53] | j-just lean on me | |
[1:46:56] | lean | |
[1:46:57] | lean on me | |
[1:47:00] | lean on me | |
[1:47:01] | just, just | |
[1:47:03] | lean on him? Yes, yes, why? | |
[1:47:04] | Things are better | |
[1:47:05] | and we’re finally working together in unity | |
[1:47:09] | and you’re soon to see | |
[1:47:10] | eastside high as a better place to be | |
[1:47:12] | the students, the pupils have morals and scruples | |
[1:47:14] | our learning ability has increased quadruple | |
[1:47:17] | and we’re off to a brand-new start | |
[1:47:19] | i played my part to prove that you’re smart? | |
[1:47:21] | And it’s proven | |
[1:47:22] | but i ain’t movin’ | |
[1:47:23] | i won’t be going, i’m here | |
[1:47:24] | when you need someone to lean on | |
[1:47:26] | so take heed to this as a blessing and remember | |
[1:47:29] | ain’t no half steppin’ | |
[1:47:30] | get it in full gear | |
[1:47:32] | i’m sure that you’ll care in the long run | |
[1:47:34] | when you got full gear | |
[1:47:35] | that means authority | |
[1:47:37] | positivity | |
[1:47:39] | word | |
[1:47:40] | so let knowledge uproot you | |
[1:47:42] | go for yours, ’cause we’re the future | |
[1:47:44] | the ones who rise to supremacy | |
[1:47:46] | and if you ever need a hand | |
[1:47:48] | just lean on me | |
[1:47:49] | j-j-j-just | |
[1:47:51] | lean | |
[1:47:52] | just lean on me | |
[1:47:54] | lean | |
[1:47:55] | j-j-j-just | |
[1:47:57] | just lean on me | |
[1:47:58] | lean | |
[1:47:59] | j-j-j-just | |
[1:48:00] | lean | |
[1:48:01] | just lean on me | |
[1:48:03] | j-j-j-just | |
[1:48:05] | lean | |
[1:48:06] | just lean on me | |
[1:48:10] | lean | |
[1:48:11] | lean on me | |
[1:48:16] | lean | |
[1:48:20] | lean on me | |
[1:48:24] | Captioning performed by the national captioning institute, inc. |