英文名称:Kramer VS Kramer
年代:1979
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:58] | I love you, Billy. | 比利 我爱你 |
[02:04] | I love you too, Mommy. | 我也爱你 妈咪 |
[02:12] | Night-night. | 晚安 |
[02:17] | Sleep tight. | 好好睡 |
[02:21] | Don’t let the bedbugs bite. | 别让臭虫咬了 |
[02:25] | I’ll see you in the morning light. | 明天早上见 |
[02:40] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[03:03] | They’re going to make me an assistant art director. So Kenny says: | 他们要我当助理艺术指导 所以肯尼说 |
[03:07] | “You get yourself a Burberry coat. | 替自己买件名牌外套 |
[03:10] | If you’re gonna be Madison Avenue, you have to look it.” | 要在麦迪逊大道工作 就得穿得体体面面 |
[03:13] | Saturday afternoon, I go out, and it’s cold. | 所以周六下午我出门 天气很冷 |
[03:16] | I go to this place that specializes in Burberrys… | 我去一家专卖名牌衣服的店… |
[03:19] | and say, “I want a Burberry coat, 37 short.” | 说 “我要一件 37号短码大衣” |
[03:23] | They put it on, and I look beautiful in it. | 他们让我试穿 穿来很好看 |
[03:26] | I say, “I’ll buy it.” | 我说 “把它包起来” |
[03:27] | And right then, I start to sweat. | 就在此时 我开始冒汗 |
[03:30] | I take my checkbook out, start to sign the check, and my hand shakes… | 我拿出支票簿 开始签支票 我的手开始抖… |
[03:34] | because I’m so scared. | 因为我很害怕 |
[03:36] | – Good night. – Where you going? | – 晚安 各位 – 你去哪里? |
[03:37] | – I gotta get home. – Oh, Jesus, I gotta go. | – 回家 – 天啊 我得走了 |
[03:42] | Okay, so let me finish. | 好 让我说完 |
[03:43] | So I sign it, and my hand starts shaking… | 所以我签了 我的手开始抖… |
[03:47] | – Who is this? Danny, right? – Taxi! | – 是谁?丹尼 对不对?- 计程车 |
[03:51] | – Come on, I gotta tell you something. – I can’t. I gotta get home. | – 来 我有话告诉你 – 不行 我得回家了 |
[03:56] | Gotta talk to you about something important. | 我有重要的事告诉你 |
[03:59] | I’m putting you in charge of the Mid-Atlantic account. | 我要你负责大西洋航空的客户 |
[04:24] | By the end of the year, we’ll have them up to 10 million. | 年底前我们会让它到达一千万 |
[04:27] | If this campaign works out the way I know it will… | 如果这次宣传活动进行顺利 他们… |
[04:31] | they’ll offer me a partnership. | 会让我入股 |
[04:33] | That’s terrific! | 太棒了 |
[04:34] | When that happens, I just want you to know I’m taking you along. | 我要你知道 我会让你一起入股 |
[04:40] | Wow! Wow! That’s terrific. | 真是太棒了 |
[05:02] | Joanna. | 乔安娜 |
[05:04] | I’m home. | 我回来了 |
[05:09] | I forgot my keys. I gotta call the office before they go. | 我忘了带钥匙 我得赶快打电话回办公室 |
[05:13] | Jo, you’re gonna be real proud of me. I got good news. | 你会以我为荣的 我有好消息 |
[05:19] | – Ted. – One second. Let me just do this. | – 泰德 – 等等 让我先打电话 |
[05:25] | You know Jack Edwards in accounting? He committed suicide. | 认识会计部的杰克爱德华吗?他自杀了 |
[05:29] | Yeah, hi. Ted Kramer. | 喂?我是泰德克拉玛 |
[05:31] | I gotta get those photos from the retoucher by tomorrow morning. | 明早要把照片 从修图师那里拿回来 |
[05:35] | – I’m leaving you. – Honey, please. I can’t hear. | – 我要离开你 – 亲爱的 静一静 我听不到 |
[05:39] | Okay, you too. Thanks a lot. See you tomorrow. | 好 你也是 谢谢 明天见 |
[05:43] | Did you guys eat? | 你们吃过饭了没有? |
[05:45] | I’m leaving you. | 我要离开你 |
[05:49] | Here are my keys. | 这是我的钥匙 |
[05:51] | Here’s my American Express, my Bloomingdale’s card… | 这是我的美国运通卡 这是百货公司信用卡… |
[05:54] | my checkbook. I’ve taken $2000 out of our savings account. | 还有支票簿 我从共同帐户里提出两千元 |
[05:58] | That’s what I had when we got married. | 那是我在我们结婚时的存款 |
[06:01] | – Is this a joke? – Here’s the cleaning, laundry ticket. | – 你在开玩笑吗?- 这是清洁和洗衣收据 |
[06:04] | You can pick them both up on Saturday. | 你在周六可以去拿 |
[06:06] | – You. You have to pick them up. – What’s wrong? | – 你得去拿 – 怎么回事? |
[06:09] | I paid the rent, the Con Ed bill, and the phone bill, so… | 房租和水电的帐单我付过了 电话费我也付过了… |
[06:13] | You really pick your times to… | 你真会挑时间… |
[06:19] | I’m sorry I was late, but I was busy making a living, all right? | 抱歉我回来晚了 但我忙着赚钱养家 好吗? |
[06:23] | Come on, okay? Can we stop now? | 别闹了吧? |
[06:27] | So that’s everything. | 那么就这样了 |
[06:34] | Enough, enough. All right? | 够了…知道吗? |
[06:36] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[06:38] | Where are you going? Just tell me what I did that’s so terrible. | 你要去哪里?告诉我 我做了什么不可原谅的事 |
[06:42] | – It’s not you. – Then what? | – 不是因为你 – 那是为什么? |
[06:44] | It’s me. it’s my fault. | 是我 都是我的错 |
[06:46] | You married the wrong person. | 你只是娶错人了 |
[06:48] | – I can’t hack it. – Let’s just go inside. | – 你的要求我做不到… – 让我们进去吧 |
[06:51] | I can’t, I tried. I swear… | 我不行 我试过 我发誓… |
[06:53] | Joanna, please, just… I’m sorry. | 乔安娜 拜托 我很抱歉 |
[06:56] | – No, please don’t make me go in there. – I just want to talk. | – 求求你不要逼我进去 – 我只是要谈谈 |
[07:02] | If you do, I swear, one day… | 否则我发誓总有一天… |
[07:04] | – I’ll go right out the window. – Oh, please. | – 我会跳楼自杀 – 拜托你… |
[07:07] | Come on, now. What about Billy? | 比利怎么办? |
[07:13] | I’m not taking him with me. I’m no good for him. | 我不带他一起走 我对他没好处 |
[07:17] | I’m terrible with him. | 没把他照顾好 |
[07:19] | I have no patience. | 我没耐心 |
[07:22] | He’s better off without me. | 他没有我比较好 |
[07:26] | Joanna, please. | 乔安娜 拜托 |
[07:33] | And I don’t love you anymore. | 我不再爱你了 |
[07:37] | – Where are you going? – I don’t know. | – 你要去哪儿?- 我不知道 |
[08:13] | Hi, Margaret. This is Ted. ls my wife there? | 玛格丽特 我是泰德 我太太在那边吗? |
[08:17] | Yeah. Joanna come in? | 对 乔安娜有去找你吗? |
[08:20] | We had a little fight. I thought she might have stopped by. | 我们吵架了 我想她可能去找你 |
[08:25] | If she comes in, tell her to come up or just give me a ring. | 如果她有去 请她回来 或打电话给我 |
[08:30] | Don’t worry. She didn’t take her suitcase. She won’t get very far. | 还好 她没拿行李箱 应该不会走远 |
[08:35] | I got work to do. if she comes in, tell her to call me. | 我还有事要忙 见到她请她打给我 谢谢 |
[08:46] | It’s about time. | 也该是时候了 |
[08:50] | Joanna, that’s the most insensitive… Hi, Margaret. | 乔安娜 这是你做过最迟钝的… 玛格丽特 |
[08:53] | – She packed a suitcase? – Look, it’s nothing serious, really. | – 她收拾行李箱?- 没什么 真的 |
[08:58] | She tell you where she was going? | 她有说要去哪里吗? |
[09:00] | – You tell me. – How would I know? I wasn’t here. | – 你告诉我啊 – 我怎么会知道?我又不在场 |
[09:03] | Clearly, you two had many talks about my shortcomings… | 显然我太太和你背着我 谈过很多我的缺点… |
[09:07] | which I haven’t been privy to. And I’d love to talk… | 我很乐意和你谈… |
[09:10] | but I have a major presentation in the morning… | 但我早上有个重要的报告… |
[09:13] | and I gotta get my work done. So please allow me… | 得把工作做完 所以拜托你… |
[09:16] | You don’t realize we have a serious problem. | 你好像不了解 我们的问题很严重 |
[09:19] | Wrong. Me. I got the problem. All you gotta do is… | 错 这是 “我的” 问题 你只需走出门… |
[09:22] | go out the door and go back to bed. | 下楼去 然后回家睡觉 |
[09:25] | – The fact is… – For six months… | – 事实是… – 六个月以来 |
[09:28] | I’ve been spitting blood to get this agency its biggest account. | 我拼命去争取最大的客户给公司 |
[09:32] | And at five, we got it. | 今天下午五点我们争取到了 |
[09:35] | At eight, the vice president tells me I’ll be the next creative director. | 八点副总裁说我是 下一任创意总监 |
[09:39] | I come through this door to share with my wife… | 我进门要和我太太分享… |
[09:42] | one of the five best days of my life, and she looks at me… | 生命中最美好五天中的一天 她冷漠以对… |
[09:46] | and tells me she doesn’t want to live with me! | 说要和我分手 |
[09:54] | Can’t you understand what she’s done to me? | 你了解她对我做了什么吗? |
[09:59] | She loused up one of the five best days of your life. | 她破坏你最美好五天中的一天 |
[10:06] | You’re terrific. Boy, you’re… | 你真的很棒 天啊 你真的… |
[10:09] | Thanks very much, really. | 多谢了 真的 |
[10:13] | Sisterhood. | 真是姐妹情深 |
[10:14] | Thank you for coming to cheer me up, but… | 谢谢你来逗我开心 但… |
[10:17] | I didn’t come to cheer you up. | 我不是来逗你开心 |
[10:19] | I’m concerned about Joanna. | 我来是因为我关心乔安娜 |
[10:22] | Maybe you can be concerned in the privacy of your own apartment. | 或许你可以回家慢慢关心 |
[10:26] | Joanna and I never had any problems until you and Charley split up. | 你和查理分手前 乔安娜和我都没问题 |
[10:31] | Oh, I don’t believe you. | 我真不敢相信 |
[10:33] | Just tell me the truth, okay? | 告诉我实话 可以吗? |
[10:35] | Did you set her up to this? | 是你叫我太太这样的吗? |
[10:37] | No, I didn’t put her up to this. | 我没有叫乔安娜这样做 |
[10:39] | – Give her a little pep talk? – No, I didn’t. | – 你有怂恿她吗?- 没有 我没有 |
[10:42] | Joanna and I talk a great deal. | 我们是谈过很多 |
[10:44] | And Joanna is a very unhappy woman. | 乔安娜是个很不快乐的女人 |
[10:46] | And it took a lot of courage for her to walk out of here. | 她是鼓足勇气才走出这家门 |
[10:51] | How much courage does it take to walk out on your kid? | 要鼓起多大勇气才能丢下孩子? |
[12:08] | Where’s Mommy? | 妈咪呢? |
[12:10] | – What? – Where’s Mommy? | – 什么?- 妈咪呢? |
[12:12] | What time is it? | 几点了? |
[12:15] | The little hand’s on the 7, the big hand’s on the 9. Where’s Mommy? | 小针在7 大针在9 妈咪呢? |
[12:21] | Oh, God. Okay, I’m gonna tell you. You want to know where Mommy is? | 天啊 好 我告诉你 你要知道妈咪去哪里? |
[12:27] | – She’s supposed to take me to school. – She told me to do it. | – 她应该要带我去学校 – 她叫我带你去 |
[12:30] | Okay, I’ll tell you where she went. | 我老实告诉你她去哪里 |
[12:32] | You know when you and your friends don’t get along and fight? | 有时候你和朋友 会处得不好 会吵架? |
[12:36] | And you want to go and be alone for a while? | 你会想单独去别的地方静一下? |
[12:39] | Sometimes Mommy and Daddy don’t get along… | 有时候爹地和妈咪处不好… |
[12:42] | and one of them wants to go and be by themselves for a while. | 其中一个想到别的地方 |
[12:46] | – When is Mommy coming back? – Soon. | – 妈咪什么时候回来?- 快了 很快就回来了 |
[12:48] | Now we are gonna have breakfast! Okay? Just you and me. | 现在你和我要一起吃早餐 知道吗?就我们两个 |
[12:52] | – What do you want? – French toast. | – 你想吃什么?- 法国土司 |
[12:55] | You want French toast, you got it. | 要法国土司就给你法国土司 |
[12:57] | Put up a little water for Daddy to have some coffee. | 煮点水给爹地泡咖啡 |
[13:00] | We got how many eggs? Two for you and two for me. | 我们要几个蛋?一个人两个 |
[13:04] | We got milk. | 我们有牛奶 |
[13:05] | We got butter. | 还有奶油 |
[13:07] | We got $5. | 有五块钱 |
[13:09] | I got $5. Here, you sit here. | 我有五块钱 你坐在这里 |
[13:12] | Okay, can you be my number one helper? | 好 你可以当我的首席助手吗? |
[13:16] | Watch this. One hand. | 看好 用一只手 |
[13:18] | Here we go. | 就像这样 |
[13:20] | Did you know that all the best chefs are men? | 你知道最出色的大厨都是男的吗? |
[13:23] | Isn’t this terrific? We gotta do this more often. | 这不是很棒吗?我们要常常这样 |
[13:27] | – You dropped some shell in it. – That’s okay. | – 有一些蛋壳掉进去了 – 没关系 |
[13:29] | Makes it crunchier. You like it crunchy, don’t you? | 吃起来脆脆的 你喜欢吃脆的法国土司吧? |
[13:33] | Why don’t you beat them, and I’ll get everything else going. | 你把蛋打一下 我来做其他的事 |
[13:37] | – What time is school? – 8:30. | – 你几点要到学校?- 八点半 |
[13:39] | Gotta get the show on the road. I gotta shower, shave and shampoo. | 那我们得快点 我得洗澡 刮胡子 洗头 |
[13:44] | I got people to see. | 我要见客户 |
[13:45] | And Daddy’s gotta bring home the bacon… | 爹地还要赚钱开饭… |
[13:48] | and he’s gotta cook it. | 还要把饭煮熟 |
[13:50] | We’re having a good time! Where does Mommy keep the…? | 我们很高兴吧 妈咪把平底锅放在… ? |
[13:53] | – In the stove. – The pan. The stove. | – 烤箱里 – 锅在烤箱里 |
[13:58] | First, we need a nice fire. | 首先要点火 |
[14:00] | No, you’re not doing it right. | 不对 不是那样 |
[14:02] | Look, you gotta do it fast. See? it’s the wrist. | 这样不对 你要打得很快 看到没?用腕力 |
[14:06] | So the gucky part dissolves. | 这样才会打散 |
[14:08] | Then you take the bread, and we… | 然后拿土司 然后… |
[14:12] | We… | 然后我们… |
[14:15] | We fold the French toast. That’s what we do. | 折起来 就这样 我们把土司折起来 |
[14:18] | – I think you forgot milk. – I didn’t. Milk comes last. | – 你忘了加牛奶 – 我没忘 牛奶最后加 |
[14:23] | When you’re having a good time you forget things. | 高兴的时候 就会忘记最重要的事 |
[14:26] | I just wanted to see if you’re paying attention. | 我是想看你有没有注意到 |
[14:30] | Fun, isn’t it? When’s the last time Mommy let you in the kitchen? | 很好玩吧?妈咪上次 让你进厨房是什么时候? |
[14:34] | I don’t like it in pieces. | 我不喜欢碎的 |
[14:36] | It tastes the same whether it’s in pieces or whole. Bread is bread. | 碎的和整片吃起来味道一样 面包就是面包 |
[14:40] | Besides, French toast is always folded. | 还有 法国土司都是折起来的 |
[14:43] | In the best restaurants, you see folded French toast. | 你到全世界最好的餐厅去看 法国土司都是折起来的 |
[14:46] | You get more bites that way. | 这样吃起来比较多对吧? |
[14:50] | And while that’s going, Daddy’s gonna make coffee. | 同时 爹地要泡一些咖啡 |
[14:53] | You having a good time? | 好玩吗? |
[14:55] | I don’t remember the last time I had such a good time. | 我不记得 上回这么高兴是什么时候 |
[15:00] | Daddy’s gonna make himself coffee. | 我要泡点咖啡 |
[15:02] | – That’s too much! – No, I like it strong. | – 太多了 – 不会 我喜欢喝浓一点 |
[15:05] | Mommy always makes it too weak. | 妈咪泡得太淡 |
[15:09] | Can I have some orange juice? | 我可以喝柳橙汁吗? |
[15:12] | Right. One OJ coming up for the kid. | 柳橙汁 好 马上来 |
[15:16] | Daddy, it’s burning! | 爹地 烧焦了 |
[15:19] | – What? – It’s burning! | – 什么?- 锅子烧焦了 |
[15:22] | Damn it! Goddamn her! | 天啊 该死 |
[15:28] | Oh, shit. | 真该死 |
[15:32] | Just take it easy. Everything is fine. We’re terrific. | 没关系 没事 我们…我们很好 |
[15:36] | Just… | 没关系… |
[15:39] | Just take it easy. Nothing is the matter. | 没关系 |
[15:46] | – What? – Your hand’s sweaty. | – 怎么了?- 你的手在流汗 |
[15:48] | – When’s Mommy coming back? – Soon. I told you. | – 妈咪什么时候回来?- 很快 我说过很快 |
[15:51] | – Is she gonna pick me up? – Probably. if she doesn’t, I will. | – 她会接我放学吗?- 可能吧 如果她没去我就会去 |
[15:54] | – What if you forget? – I won’t. | – 如果你忘了呢?- 我不会忘记 |
[15:56] | – What if you get run over? – Mommy will pick you up. | – 万一你被撞死了呢?- 那妈咪会去接你 |
[16:00] | – Miss! What grade are you in? – First. | – 小姐 你几年级?- 一年级 |
[16:02] | This is Billy Kramer. He’s in first grade. | 他叫比利克拉玛 一年级 |
[16:05] | Take care of him. I gotta get a taxi, I’m late. Taxi! | 麻烦你 我要搭计程车 我迟到了 计程车… |
[16:08] | Taxi! | 计程车 |
[16:12] | – Congratulations about Mid-Atlantic. – Thanks. | – 恭喜你接到大西洋航空客户 – 谢谢 |
[16:16] | – Congratulations. – Is the stuff back from the retoucher? | – 恭喜 – 修图师的东西拿回来了没? |
[16:19] | – Great news, Ted. – Thanks a lot. | – 真是好消息 泰德 – 谢了 |
[16:22] | Morning. 11:00, meeting with Airwick… | 早安 十一点和威克航空开会… |
[16:24] | – Where’s the stuff from the retoucher? – Right here. | – 从修图师那拿回来的东西呢?- 就在这儿 |
[16:28] | – Did my wife call? – No. | – 我太太有打电话来吗?- 没有 |
[16:30] | You’re gonna have to cancel the Airwick at 11:30. | 取消威克航空十一点半的会议 |
[17:05] | She’s never gone this far before, but in the past… | 她从来没有这么夸张过 |
[17:08] | I’ve known when she’s upset because… | 以前我会知道她在生气… |
[17:11] | she gets very quiet. | 因为她会沉默不语… |
[17:13] | Our pattern has been that I’ve said, “What’s the matter?”… | 通常我会说 “怎么了?” |
[17:17] | and she’ll kind of sit on it. | 她会静静坐在那里 |
[17:19] | But in the last few weeks, maybe couple of months… | 但我必须承认 过去两三周或几个月… |
[17:22] | since we’ve been going crazy with this account, I’ve been remiss. | 从我们忙着争取客户以来 我疏忽了 |
[17:27] | And I just didn’t look at the writing on the wall, so she’s kind of… | 没有看见先兆 所以她有点… |
[17:32] | I think this is a way of making me stop, look and say: | 我想她昨晚是为了让我注意 |
[17:36] | “I’m as important as your work.” | “我和你的工作一样重要” |
[17:41] | ls there another guy? | 有第三者吗? |
[17:45] | I don’t think so. She’s not the type. | 我想没有 她不是那种人 |
[17:48] | She’s got this friend, Margaret, downstairs… | 她有个住楼下的朋友 叫玛格丽特… |
[17:51] | you know, women’s lib. I think they may have cooked this up. | 是个妇女解放者 我想这是她们一手导演的 |
[17:57] | It worked. | 这一招奏效了 |
[17:59] | I’m going crazy! | 我快疯了 |
[18:01] | Look, not to worry. | 别担心 |
[18:03] | She’ll be back. | 她会回来的 |
[18:05] | I didn’t know it would happen to me! | 没想到会发生在我身上 |
[18:08] | Don’t let it get you down. | 小子 别被这件事击垮你 |
[18:10] | I know she’ll be back. I’m terrific, really. | 不会 我知道她会回来的 我很好 真的 |
[18:16] | – You do have a problem, Ted. – Yeah, what’s that? | – 你是有个麻烦 – 你说什么麻烦? |
[18:22] | What are you gonna do about Billy? | 你要怎么安置比利? |
[18:25] | This just happened last night. I’m sure when Joanna comes back… | 这件事昨晚才发生的 我想乔安娜回来时会… |
[18:30] | it’s none of my business. I’ll butt out. | 这不是我的事 我不问 |
[18:32] | Listen, I want to hear your thoughts. | 我想听你的意见 |
[18:35] | I appreciate you taking the time to talk to me. | 我很感谢你花时间和我谈 |
[18:39] | May sound a little rough, but… | 好 这听起来也许有点刺耳… |
[18:43] | I think you ought to send Billy away to stay with relatives for a while. | 我想你该把比利 送到亲戚家一阵子 |
[18:48] | You mean, until Joanna comes back? | 你是说直到乔安娜回来? |
[18:51] | Suppose Joanna doesn’t come back? | 万一乔安娜不回来呢? |
[18:57] | Gee, I don’t know… | 天啊 我不知道… |
[18:59] | Ted, listen to me. | 泰德 听我说 |
[19:01] | I just told the boys upstairs you’re handling the Mid-Atlantic account. | 我才告诉上司们 你负责大西洋航空 |
[19:06] | You know? A gig like that comes along once every five, six years. | 知道吗?这种机会每五 六年 出现一次 |
[19:11] | There’s guys here eating their hearts out because I gave that spot to you. | 公司很多人很不爽 因为我把这个客户交给你 |
[19:15] | This is important. Don’t blow this. | 这很重要 别搞砸了 |
[19:19] | I gotta depend on you. I gotta count on you for 110 percent… | 我必须依靠你 我必须110%依靠你… |
[19:23] | 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. I gotta have that. | 我得一周7天 一天24小时完全仰赖你 |
[19:28] | I can’t be concerned about you worrying about a kid. | 我不能顾虑你担心孩子流鼻水 |
[19:32] | First, you can count on me 25 hours a day, 8 days a week. | 你可以一天25小时仰赖我 一周8天也没问题 |
[19:36] | Because I’m not a loser, Jim. | 因为我不是失败者 |
[19:38] | I never let anything at home come into the office. | 我不会让私事影响公事 |
[19:41] | You asked me to unload in this office. | 你要我跟你倾诉 |
[19:43] | When I go outside, I’m on top of it. I want you to know that. | 我只在这里说 我出了这里 一切都罩得住 你要知道这点 |
[19:47] | I’m a survivor. | 我不会被击败的 |
[19:50] | You’ve given me a shot here. I’m not gonna let anything blow it. | 你给这个机会 我不会搞砸的 |
[19:55] | Okay? | 好吗? |
[19:59] | Let’s have a drink later. I’m all right. I gotta… | 晚一点我们去喝一杯 真的 我很好 我得… |
[20:02] | blow smoke up Airwick’s ass, 11:00. | 在11点我要好好修理威克航空 |
[20:05] | I’m all right! | 我很好 好吗? |
[20:07] | You don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[20:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:11] | I love you, you bastard. | 我爱你 混蛋 |
[20:18] | Daddy? | 爹地 |
[20:21] | Daddy? | 爹地 |
[20:26] | Yeah, honey, just wait a second. I just want to finish this idea. | 好 等等 我想把这个弄完 |
[20:29] | Let me get this copy done, and then I’ll talk. | 我得把这个原稿弄好 再跟你说话 |
[20:33] | What time is it when an elephant sits on your fence? | 大象什么时候坐在篱笆上? |
[20:38] | Time to get a new fence. | 就是要换新篱笆的时候 |
[20:44] | Honey, please… l just got this sentence. | 拜托 我刚才想出一句 |
[20:47] | Daddy! Daddy! | 爹地… |
[20:49] | Goddamn it! Goddamn it! | 该死… |
[20:50] | Get over there and sit on that couch and don’t move! | 去沙发上坐着别动 |
[20:54] | I knew this was gonna happen! I knew it! | 我就知道会这样… |
[20:57] | Who told you not to drink this stuff here? | 不是叫你别在这里喝东西? |
[21:01] | – Sorry. – Yeah, you’re sorry. | – 抱歉 – 是啊 你抱歉 |
[21:03] | Told you to keep that juice in the dining room! | 我告诉过你在餐厅喝果汁 不准再把东西带到这里 |
[21:06] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[21:09] | Who took you to the park, gave you everything you wanted? | 是谁带你去公园 把你想要的东西都买给你? |
[21:12] | – Who bought you an ice cream? – You. | – 是谁买冰淇淋给你?- 是你 |
[21:14] | And who promised Daddy that when we got home, you’d let him work? | 是谁答应爹地 回家以后别吵他工作? |
[21:20] | – That’s ruined. I can’t fix that. – Sorry. | – 都毁了 不能救了 – 抱歉 |
[21:29] | It’s past your bedtime. Why don’t you go to sleep? | 早就超过你上床时间了 你何不去睡觉? |
[21:38] | And brush your teeth and flush the toilet. | 刷牙 上完厕所要冲水 |
[21:46] | – Paper towels. What else? – We need detergent. | – 买了纸巾 还要什么?- 还要清洁剂 |
[21:49] | All right. | 好 走吧 |
[21:50] | No, Mommy buys the kind with the orange circles on it. | 妈妈都是买上面 有橘色圈圈这种 |
[21:54] | – There’s no difference. – Mom said it was the best. | – 这两种没什么不同 – 妈妈说这种最好 |
[22:01] | – Let’s go. – Get the pink stuff. | – 我们走 – 拿粉红色那种 |
[22:05] | All right, come on. | 好 走了 |
[22:07] | Okay. That’s it. | 好 就这样 |
[22:11] | We need some cereal. | 我们还要谷类食品 |
[22:13] | Okay, what color? | 好 哪种颜色的? |
[22:25] | Hey, Billy! | 比利 |
[22:28] | Billy! Told you Mommy would write before the week was up. | 比利 我说过妈妈会在这星期写信来 |
[22:31] | – When is she coming back? – That’s what we’re gonna find out now. | – 她什么时候回来?- 马上就知道了 |
[22:36] | Okay. Let’s read it. | 好 我们来念信吧 |
[22:45] | “My dearest, sweet Billy.” | “我亲爱的比利…” |
[22:50] | That’s you. | 就是你 |
[22:54] | “Mommy has gone away. | 妈咪走了… |
[22:56] | Sometimes in the world… | 世界上 有时候… |
[22:59] | daddies go away… | 爹地走了… |
[23:01] | and mommies bring up their little boys. | 妈咪留下来把小朋友带大 |
[23:03] | But sometimes, a mommy can go away too… | 有时候妈咪也会走… |
[23:07] | and you have your daddy to bring you up. | 你爹地会把你带大 |
[23:10] | I have gone away because I must find… | 我走的原因是 我要替自己… |
[23:12] | something interesting to do for myself in the world. | 找些有趣的事做 |
[23:17] | Everybody has to, and so do I. | 大家都得这么做 我也是 |
[23:23] | Being your mommy was one thing, but there are other things too… | 当你的妈咪是一件事 但世界上还有其他事… |
[23:28] | and this is what I have to do. | 这就是我必须做的 |
[23:31] | I did not get a chance to tell you this… | 我一直没机会告诉你这些事… |
[23:34] | and that is why I’m writing you now. | 所以我写信给你 |
[23:37] | I will always be your mommy… | 我永远都是你的妈咪… |
[23:41] | and I will always love you. | 我会永远爱你 |
[23:44] | I just won’t be your mommy in the house… | 虽然我不能当你家里的妈咪… |
[23:47] | but I’ll be your mommy at the heart. | 但仍是你心中的妈咪 |
[23:50] | And now I must go and be the person I have to be.” | 现在我得离开 去做一个我必须做的人 |
[24:00] | We’ll read this another time. | 我们改天再念这封信 好吗? |
[24:01] | I don’t care. | 我无所谓 |
[25:14] | – Good night, Jim. – Come on in. | – 吉姆 晚安 – 泰德 进来 |
[25:16] | – Have a drink. – I can’t, I’m late now. | – 喝一杯 – 不行 我迟了 |
[25:19] | What’s the rush? We’re having a party for Norman. Five years here. | 急什么?我们要替诺曼办个 小派对 他在这里待五年了 |
[25:23] | Can you believe it? | 你能相信吗? |
[25:24] | Wish I could, but I’m late. I gotta pick up Billy. | 我想留下来 但我迟到了 我要去接比利 |
[25:27] | You know Jerry Hoover, in media? | 你认识宣传部门的杰瑞吗? |
[25:30] | Tell you something funny. | 我要跟你说他的一件糗事 |
[25:31] | Gotta go. See you Monday. | 我得走了 周一见 |
[25:38] | Taxi! | 计程车 |
[25:41] | Taxi! | 计程车 |
[25:46] | – Here, keep the change. – Thanks. | – 拿去 不用找了 – 谢谢 |
[26:06] | Hi, Mrs. Kline. I’m sorry I’m late. | 克莱太太 很抱歉我迟到了 |
[26:09] | That’s all right, but Billy is upset. | 没关系 但比利有点不高兴 |
[26:12] | Hey, how’s it going, sport? | 小子 你好吗? |
[26:15] | I had a little trouble getting away from the office. | 我下班时公司有点事 |
[26:19] | Sorry. Come on, let’s get going. | 抱歉 走吧 我们走了 |
[26:22] | Thanks for coming, Billy. Oh, wait a minute. | 谢谢你来 比利 等一下 |
[26:26] | – Don’t forget your goody bag. – Thanks very much. | – 别忘了糖果袋 – 多谢了 |
[26:29] | – Bye. – Thanks a lot. | – 再见 – 谢谢了 |
[26:31] | – So, did you have a lot of fun? – You’re late. | – 你玩得高兴吗?- 你迟到了 |
[26:34] | – I’m not that late. Only 20 minutes. – Want to bet? | – 没那么久 只迟二十分钟 – 你要打赌吗? |
[26:39] | All the other mothers were there before you. | 其他的妈妈都比你早来 |
[26:45] | Why are you making such a big deal of it? There was traffic. | 你为何这么小题大做?路上很塞车 |
[26:51] | If you want to be a big boy… | 如果你想做个大男孩… |
[26:55] | you learn that when somebody says they’re sorry… | 就得学着别人说抱歉时… |
[26:59] | you don’t hold a grudge and make them feel bad for… | 不要心存怨恨 让人家不好受… |
[27:04] | a long time afterwards. | 难过很久很久 |
[27:07] | Okay, go ahead. | 好 吃吧 |
[27:12] | Don’t eat with your fingers. Come on, Billy. | 不要用手吃 拜托 比利 |
[27:15] | You know better than that. Here. | 你知道怎么做 |
[27:19] | Use a fork. | 用叉子 |
[27:23] | Come on, come on. Sit up, sit up, sit up. | 好 坐好… |
[27:27] | How was school today? | 今天在学校如何? |
[27:29] | Same as usual. | 和平常一样 |
[27:31] | I see the Knicks finally won a game. | 尼克队今天赢了 |
[27:33] | I don’t care. | 我无所谓 |
[27:35] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[27:37] | – I like Boston. – Boston? Why do you like Boston? | – 我喜欢波士顿队 – 波士顿?为何喜欢波士顿队 |
[27:41] | Because Mommy’s from Boston. | 因为妈咪是波士顿人 |
[27:48] | Sit up and try to eat. Come on. | 好吧 坐好 吃多一点 |
[27:50] | Can I be excused? I want to go to bed. | 我可以先离席吗?我想睡觉了 |
[27:53] | Too much birthday cake? | 吃太多生日蛋糕了吗? |
[27:55] | Yeah, I guess. | 大概是吧 |
[32:06] | I’m sorry. Excuse me. | 很抱歉 |
[32:08] | Louise, give me a hand. | 露薏丝 来帮我一下 |
[32:09] | You’re 15 minutes late. | 你迟到15分钟 |
[32:11] | – Mr. O’Connor is very upset. – This all of it? | – 康诺先生很生气 – 就这些? |
[32:14] | – Yes. Do you want your mail now? – No, just give me the messages. | – 是的 你要现在看信吗?- 不要 有谁留话吗? |
[32:18] | Remind me to get a Crying Chrissie doll at lunch. | 提醒我午餐时买个哭泣娃娃 |
[32:22] | Okay, okay. | 好… |
[32:23] | Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉 我迟到了 |
[32:25] | And there’s a PTA meeting at the school on Tuesday at 4. | 下周二4点学校有家长会 |
[32:31] | Right, thanks. | 好 谢谢你 |
[32:33] | Put the chicken in the refrigerator. | 把鸡放进冰箱 |
[32:38] | Know who Charley’s seeing now? | 知道查理现在和谁约会吗? |
[32:40] | Who? | 谁? |
[32:41] | A divorced woman with two little girls the same age as Kim and Petey. | 离婚的女人 有两个女儿 和金还有佩缇一样大 |
[32:46] | – Are you kidding? – No. | – 你开玩笑吗?- 没有 |
[32:48] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道的? |
[32:49] | I know. | 我就是知道 |
[32:51] | How long has it been since you two broke up? | 你和查理分手多久了? |
[32:54] | Year and a half. | 一年半 |
[32:55] | That long? | 那么久了吗? |
[32:58] | Did I ever tell you how sorry… | 我说过你们分手时… |
[33:00] | how sad Joanna and I were when you guys split? | 我和乔安娜多遗憾 多难过吗? |
[33:04] | Look at that cute little boy over there. | 看看那两个可爱的小男生 |
[33:08] | You think you’ll ever get married again? | 你想你会再婚吗? |
[33:13] | – I mean, to anybody. – No. | – 我是说和任何人 – 不会 |
[33:15] | Why? | 为什么? |
[33:18] | Maybe it’s different if you don’t have children, but… | 也许没有小孩会不同 但… |
[33:23] | even if Charley and I aren’t living together, and even if we’re… | 就算查理和我不住在一起… |
[33:28] | sleeping with other people, even if he were to get married again… | 就算我们都和别人上床 或查理再婚… |
[33:34] | he’s still my husband… | 他还是我先生… |
[33:36] | and he’s still the father of my children and… | 和孩子的爸爸… |
[33:41] | That stuff about “till death do you part, ” that’s really true. | 俗话说 “至死不渝” 是没错的 |
[33:45] | Let’s say Charley finishes his midlife crisis… | 那我问你 如果查理的中年危机结束 |
[33:49] | he’s had it with his flings and comes asking for forgiveness. | 和别的女人玩够了 来敲门要你原谅他 |
[33:53] | What would you do? | 你会怎么做? |
[33:59] | I think that if he really loved me… | 我想当初如果他真的爱我… |
[34:04] | he wouldn’t have let me divorce him. | 就不会让我跟他离婚 |
[34:16] | You still think about him, don’t you? | 你还是想着他对不对? |
[34:20] | Only all the time. | 只是常常吧 |
[34:29] | – Think about Joanna? – Never. | – 你想念乔安娜吗?- 没想过 |
[34:34] | Liar. | 骗人 |
[34:38] | Some pair, boy. | 半斤八两 |
[34:42] | I don’t believe it. | 我不相信 |
[34:43] | – You missed the closing. – I’m sorry. | – 你错过闭幕礼 – 我很抱歉 |
[34:46] | Look, I gotta tell you something. I’m getting very nervous here. | 听好 我要告诉你我很紧张 |
[34:50] | Ever since your wife left you. Is it eight months now? | 自从你太太离开你之后 有八个月吗? |
[34:54] | You’re not getting any better. | 你并没好转 |
[34:56] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[34:57] | Look, I can’t let your family problems interfere with my responsibilities. | 听好 我不能让你的私事 影响我的责任 |
[35:02] | I got a shop to run. | 我有公司要经营 |
[35:04] | I regret it, and I promise you it will never happen again. | 我很懊悔 我答应你这不会再发生了 |
[35:08] | Okay? | 好吗? |
[35:13] | Yeah? | 喂? |
[35:16] | Yeah, wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[35:18] | – It’s for you, pick up 461 . – Who is it? | – 你的电话 接461线 – 是谁? |
[35:20] | Pick up 461. | 接461 |
[35:25] | Yeah? | 哪位? |
[35:28] | Oh, hi, Billy. What’s up? | 比利 怎么了? |
[35:30] | No, one hour of television a day. That’s the rule. | 不行 每天看电视一小时 这是规定 |
[35:34] | No. | 不行 |
[35:36] | I don’t care what the other mothers do, Billy. We made a deal. | 我不管其他人的妈妈怎么做 比利 我们说好的 |
[35:41] | I can’t talk now. I’m busy. | 我现在不方便谈 我在忙 |
[35:44] | We will talk about it tonight when I get home, all right? | 等我晚上回家再说好吗? |
[35:48] | Double chocolate chip. I remember. | 双份巧克力脆片 我记得 |
[35:54] | I’m getting very nervous. | 我开始很紧张了 |
[36:03] | Put that down and eat your dinner. | 把东西放下 吃你的晚饭 |
[36:05] | What is this crap? | 这是什么烂东西? |
[36:08] | – It’s Salisbury steak. – I hate it. | – 这是汤汁肉饼 – 我讨厌吃 |
[36:10] | You had it last week and you loved it. | 你上周吃过 你说你喜欢 |
[36:13] | No, I didn’t. I hate the brown stuff. it’s gross. | 我没说 我讨厌这些 咖啡色的东西 很恶心 |
[36:17] | – It’s onions and gravy. – I’m allergic to onions. | – 好 那些是洋葱和肉汤汁 – 我对洋葱过敏 |
[36:19] | You are not. You had this last week… | 你没有对洋葱过敏 你上周才吃过… |
[36:22] | and I said it was my favorite and you said, “it’s my favorite too.” | 还记得我说 这是我最喜欢吃的 你说你也是 |
[36:26] | – I did not. – Yes, you did. | – 我没说 – 你有说 |
[36:29] | It’s regular hamburger. | 这是汉堡肉饼 |
[36:31] | Take a bite. it’s delicious. | 吃一口就好 很好吃 |
[36:34] | What’s the matter? | 现在又怎么了? |
[36:36] | I’m gonna throw up. | 我要吐了 |
[36:37] | – No, you’re not. – It’s yucky. | – 不 你不会吐 – 好恶心 |
[36:40] | It is not yucky, Billy. Eat it. | 才不恶心 比利 吃下去 |
[36:48] | Did you bring the chocolate chip ice cream home? | 你记得买 巧克力脆片冰淇淋吗? |
[36:52] | Yes, I brought the chocolate chip ice cream home… | 我记得买巧克力脆片冰淇淋… |
[36:55] | and you can’t have it until you eat all your dinner… | 但你现在不能吃 除非吃完你的晚餐… |
[36:59] | Where are you going? Get back here now. | 你要去哪里?马上回来 |
[37:01] | Did you hear me? | 听到没? |
[37:03] | You’d better not do that. | 你最好别这样 |
[37:05] | You’d better stop right there. I’m warning you. | 小子 你最好立刻住手 我警告你 |
[37:11] | Did you hear me? | 听到没? |
[37:14] | Now, you listen to me. Don’t be smart. | 给我听好 别耍聪明 |
[37:18] | Put that back until you finish your dinner. | 把它放回去 先吃完晚餐 |
[37:23] | If you take one bite out of that, you’re in trouble. | 好 我警告你 敢吃一口你就麻烦大了 |
[37:28] | Don’t you dare. Don’t you dare do that. | 你敢 你敢…吃 |
[37:31] | You hear me? Hold it right there. | 听到没?住手 给我停下来 |
[37:33] | You put that ice cream in your mouth and you are in very big trouble. | 你敢把冰淇淋放进嘴巴 你就有很大很大的麻烦 |
[37:39] | Don’t you dare go anywhere beyond that. Put it down. | 不准放进嘴巴 马上放下 |
[37:42] | I am not going to say it again. I am not going to say it again. | 我不会再说了 我不会再说了 |
[37:49] | You’re hurting me! | 你弄痛我了 |
[37:51] | Don’t you kick me. | 你敢踢我? |
[37:54] | – I hate you! – You’re no bargain either, pal. | – 我恨你 – 你也没好到哪儿去 |
[37:57] | You are a spoiled little brat! | 你是个被宠坏的小子 |
[37:59] | – I hate you! – I hate you back, you little shit! | – 我恨你 – 那我也恨你 你这个小混蛋 |
[38:02] | – I want my mommy! – I’m all you’ve got. | – 我要我妈咪 – 你只有我 |
[38:07] | I want my mommy! | 我要我妈咪 |
[38:14] | I want my mommy! | 我要妈咪 |
[38:23] | I want my mommy! | 我要妈咪 |
[38:27] | Mommy… | 妈咪… |
[39:23] | Daddy? | 爹地? |
[39:25] | Daddy? | 爹地? |
[39:26] | – Yeah? – I’m sorry. | – 怎样?- 我很抱歉 |
[39:30] | I’m sorry too. | 我也很抱歉 |
[39:34] | I want you to go to sleep because it’s really late. | 我要你好好睡 因为很晚了 |
[39:39] | Daddy? | 爹地? |
[39:41] | Now what is it? | 又有什么事? |
[39:43] | Are you going away? | 你会走吗? |
[39:45] | No. | 不 |
[39:47] | I’m staying here with you. You can’t get rid of me that easy. | 我会和你一起 你没那么容易甩掉我 |
[39:50] | That’s why Mommy left, isn’t it? Because I was bad? | 妈咪就是这样才走的 是吗?因为我不乖? |
[39:56] | Is that what you think? | 你这样想吗? |
[39:59] | No. | 不是 |
[40:01] | That’s not it, Billy. Your mom loves you very much… | 不是这样 比利 你妈咪很爱你… |
[40:05] | and the reason she left has nothing to do with you. | 她走不是因为你 |
[40:11] | I don’t know if this will make sense, but I’ll try to explain it to you. | 我不知道这样说你懂不懂 但我尽量解释 |
[40:19] | I think the reason why Mommy left… | 我想你妈咪走的原因… |
[40:23] | was because for a long time… | 是因为我一直… |
[40:25] | I kept trying to make her be a certain kind of person. | 要她成为某种样子的人 |
[40:31] | A certain kind of wife that I thought she was supposed to be. | 变成我想要的那种太太 |
[40:36] | And she just wasn’t like that. She was… | 但她不是那样的人… |
[40:40] | She just wasn’t like that. | 她就不是那样的人 |
[40:44] | I think that she tried for so long to make me happy… | 现在我仔细想想 她努力了很久要让我快乐… |
[40:50] | and when she couldn’t, she tried to talk to me about it. | 当她做不到时 她想和我谈 |
[40:54] | But I wasn’t listening. I was too busy, too wrapped up… | 但我没在听 因为我太忙了… |
[40:59] | just thinking about myself. | 我只想着自己的事 |
[41:02] | And I thought that anytime I was happy, she was happy. | 我以为只要我高兴 她就会高兴 |
[41:07] | But I think underneath she was very sad. | 但内心里她很不快乐 |
[41:13] | Mommy stayed here longer than she wanted because she loves you so much. | 妈咪本来早就想离开 她一直没走是因为她非常爱你 |
[41:19] | And the reason why Mommy couldn’t stay anymore… | 妈咪会离开… |
[41:23] | was because she couldn’t stand me. | 是因为她受不了我 |
[41:26] | She didn’t leave because of you. She left because of me. | 她不走是因为你 而是因为我 |
[41:45] | Go to sleep now because it’s really late, okay? | 现在睡吧 因为真的很晚了 好吗? |
[41:50] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[41:52] | – Sleep tight. – Don’t let the bedbugs bite. | – 好好睡 – 别让臭虫咬了 |
[41:55] | See you in the morning light. | 明天早上见 |
[41:57] | – Daddy? – Yeah? | – 爹地 – 什么事? |
[42:00] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[42:04] | I love you too. | 我也爱你 |
[42:24] | – Ladies and gentlemen… – Ladies and gentlemen… | – 各位先生女士… – 各位先生女士… |
[42:31] | welcome to our Halloween Pageant. | 欢迎参加我们的万圣节联欢会 |
[42:34] | Welcome to our Halloween Pageant. | 欢迎参加我们的万圣节联欢会 |
[42:37] | – With gruesome goblins. – With gruesome goblins. | – 我们有可怕的妖精 – 我们有可怕的妖精 |
[42:41] | And ghostly ghosts. | 和恐怖的鬼怪 |
[42:44] | And wicked witches and spooky spooks. | 邪恶的巫婆和吓人的恶魔 |
[43:01] | Tom, you and I both know it’s a violation of privacy laws. | 汤姆 我们都知道 这样违反隐私权法 |
[43:05] | Look, it doesn’t make any difference. it’s name or likeness. | 听好 那都一样 不管名字相同或样貌相似 |
[43:09] | I don’t care. Tell them if they want it, they have to pay for it. | 我不管他们说什么 告诉他们想要就要付钱 |
[43:13] | All right, bye-bye. | 好 再见 |
[43:16] | Hello, Kramer. | 克拉玛 |
[43:17] | Can you check the copy on Mid-Atlantic? | 可以看看大西洋的文案吗? |
[43:19] | I think it’s okay. | 我想应该没问题 |
[43:32] | Yes. | 好 |
[43:35] | Yes, what? | 好什么? |
[43:39] | I’ll have dinner with you. | 我和你一起吃晚饭 |
[43:47] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[43:49] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[44:15] | Oh, shit! | 可恶 |
[44:16] | – I gotta go. – What’s the matter? | – 我得走了 – 怎么了? |
[44:18] | I gotta go. | 我得走了 |
[44:19] | – Want me to call a cab? – No, I’ve got an 8:00 meeting. | – 要我帮你叫车吗?- 不用了 我八点要开会 |
[44:23] | – Where you going? – Bathroom. | – 你去哪里?- 洗手间 |
[44:24] | That’s a closet. Bathroom’s over there. | 那是衣橱 洗手间在那里 |
[44:27] | Yeah, you’re right. | 对了 |
[44:29] | These morons are violating the FTC regulations, and I have to make sure… | 那些白痴违了FTC的法 我得去那里… |
[44:36] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[44:39] | – What’s your name? – I’m Phyllis Bernard. | – 你叫什么名字?- 菲莉丝博奈 |
[44:42] | Who? | 谁? |
[44:43] | I’m a friend, uh, business associate of your father’s. | 我是你爸爸的 朋友…同事 |
[44:49] | Oh, Jesus. | 天啊 |
[44:51] | – Do you like fried chicken? – Fried chicken? Very much. | – 你喜欢炸鸡吗?- 炸鸡?很喜欢 |
[44:55] | So do I. | 我也是 |
[44:59] | Well, it’s really… | 我真的… |
[45:03] | it’s nice seeing you and… | 很高兴认识你… |
[45:05] | – Bye. – Bye. | – 再见 – 再见 |
[45:10] | Kramer, I just met your son. | 克拉玛 我刚刚碰到你儿子 |
[45:13] | Come on, you’re never going to do this if you don’t concentrate. | 拜托 不专心你永远不会骑 |
[45:18] | All right, come on. Thattaboy. Get your center. | 好极了 加油 好小子 稳住重心 |
[45:23] | Okay? How’s it feel? | 可以吗?觉得怎样? |
[45:25] | Good. | 很好 |
[45:26] | Keep it going, keep it going! That’s terrific! | 好 继续… 很棒 |
[45:31] | Don’t stop! Billy, keep your feet moving! | 不要停 比利 脚不要停 |
[45:35] | Oh, that’s terrific. How do you feel? | 很好 你觉得如何? |
[45:38] | – Good! – You look great! | – 很好 – 你看起来很棒 |
[45:47] | Don’t go too far! | 别骑太远 |
[45:52] | – Yeah? – And so the dog really hurt Tom. | – 是吗?- 那只狗真的咬了汤姆 |
[45:56] | So Tom got so mad, he jumped in the potato salad… | 然后汤姆就很生气 跳到马铃薯沙拉里… |
[46:00] | and he pushed over the table. | 把桌子推倒 |
[46:03] | Yeah? | 然后呢? |
[46:04] | – Then… – Let me get your shoelace. | – 然后… – 我帮你系鞋带 |
[46:06] | Then what happened? | 然后呢? |
[46:07] | The big dog kept chasing him, then he flipped the table. | 那只狗就继续追他 然后狗把桌子翻过去 |
[46:12] | – With all the stuff coming down? – Yeah. | – 上面的东西通通掉下来了?- 是啊 |
[46:14] | Then what happened? | 然后呢? |
[46:15] | I don’t want to be late for school. | 我不想迟到 |
[46:18] | Here’s your homework. Give me a kiss. | 你的功课 亲我一下 |
[46:22] | – Hi, Tommy. – Hi. | – 你好 汤姆 – 嗨 |
[46:31] | Taxi! | 计程车 |
[46:35] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[46:46] | Your babysitter answers, wouldn’t say where you were. | 褓姆不肯说你去哪里 |
[46:50] | Tell me where you were. | 拜托 告诉我你去哪里 |
[46:51] | Well… | 这个嘛… |
[46:54] | my French professor finally asked me out. | 我的法文教授终于约我出去了 |
[46:57] | – When? – The other day. | – 什么时候?- 就是前几天 |
[47:00] | You had a date. | 你有约会 |
[47:01] | I knew you were keeping something from me! | 我就知道你有事瞒我 |
[47:03] | – I thought he was a pretty neat guy. – Right. | – 我觉得他人不错 – 是的 |
[47:07] | – So we go to dinner. – Yeah? | – 所以我们就去吃晚饭 – 然后呢? |
[47:09] | I find out he’s married. | 我发现他已婚 |
[47:11] | He’s deep in analysis. | 他在接受心理治疗 |
[47:15] | – He’s telling me his life story… – Wonderful! | – 然后他开始告诉我他这一生的事… – 太好了 |
[47:17] | And all I can think of while I sit there… | 我坐在那里 想到的是… |
[47:20] | is that I’m paying a babysitter $3.25 an hour… | 我付褓姆一小时 3块25分… |
[47:24] | to listen to his problems. | 听他说他的问题 |
[47:26] | Daddy! Daddy, look! | 爹地 你看 |
[47:29] | – Take that out of your hand. – I’ll get him. | – 把那个放下 – 我去拿 |
[47:32] | Did you hear me? | 听到没? |
[47:39] | Hold it, hold it! | 停车 |
[47:44] | It hurts, Daddy. | 好痛 爹地 |
[47:48] | – Daddy, hurry. – Okay. | – 快点 爹地 – 好 |
[47:56] | – I can’t see, Daddy. – Rest your head. | – 我看不见 爹地 – 把你的头靠下来 |
[47:59] | Watch it! | 小心 |
[48:03] | Daddy, please hurry. | 爹地 快点 |
[48:05] | – We’re almost there. – Can’t see in my eye. | – 我们快到了 – 我的眼睛 爹地 |
[48:08] | Let me see. Where’s the emergency room?! | 我看看… 急诊室在哪里? |
[48:20] | How did this happen? | 告诉我发生什么事? |
[48:21] | He fell off the jungle gym. | 他从铁架上掉下来 |
[48:24] | He had a plane in his hand. | 他手上握着一架飞机 |
[48:26] | I’m just about through. | 我快弄好了 |
[48:27] | – Don’t hurt him. – I won’t hurt him. | – 别弄痛他 – 我不会 |
[48:29] | Mr. Kramer, can I talk to you outside? | 克拉玛先生 到外面说几句话 好吗? |
[48:32] | Yeah. Can she come in? | 好 她可以进来吗? |
[48:34] | Margaret, come in. | 玛格丽特 请你进来一下 |
[48:36] | – Stay, Daddy. – I’ll be right back. | – 爹地 留下来 – 我马上回来 |
[48:38] | – Daddy, stay. – I’m just outside. | – 爹地 不要走 – 我就在外面 |
[48:41] | It’s all right, darling. | 比利 没关系 |
[48:42] | I’m just talking to the doctor. | 我只是跟医生讲话 |
[48:45] | He’ll be right back. | 他马上就回来了 |
[48:46] | I’m right here. | 我就在这里… |
[48:49] | Will he lose his eye? | 他会瞎掉吗? |
[48:50] | No, but I have to take some stitches. | 不会 但我要帮他缝几针 |
[48:54] | How many? | 要缝几针? |
[48:56] | – About 10. – What? | – 大概10针 – 什么? |
[48:57] | Don’t worry. There won’t be much of a scar. | 别担心 不会留下什么疤痕 |
[49:01] | This will take about 15 minutes, so step over here. | 大概要15分钟 你待在这里 |
[49:04] | I want to be in there with him. | 不 我要陪着他 |
[49:06] | – You don’t need to be in there. – He’s my son. | – 你没有必要待在里面 – 他是我儿子 |
[49:09] | If you’re gonna do something, I’m gonna be with him. | 如果你要对他做什么 我要陪着他 |
[49:13] | Good boy. You’re really brave. | 这样才乖 你很勇敢 |
[49:26] | That was a big one. | 刚才是很大一针 |
[49:34] | Stop it. | 住手 |
[49:43] | Okay, we’re almost done now. We’re almost done now. | 快好了… |
[50:29] | How is he? | 他还好吧? |
[50:30] | He’s okay. He’s sleeping. | 还好 他在睡觉 |
[50:34] | It’s okay. I can do that. | 他还好 我可以自己洗碗 |
[50:38] | Ted, I’m so sorry. I feel responsible. | 泰德 我很抱歉 都是我的错 |
[50:41] | I don’t know what happened. | 我不知道发生什么事 |
[50:43] | One minute he was there and the next he was lying on the ground. | 前一分钟他还在上面 下一分钟他就躺在地上 |
[50:48] | Come on, Margaret. | 好了 玛格丽特 |
[50:50] | Now listen, I want to ask you a favor, okay? | 听我说 我要请你帮忙 好吗? |
[50:54] | It’s a big favor. | 是个大忙 |
[50:57] | If something happened to me… I’m not saying anything will… | 如果我发生什么事… 我不是说会有什么事发生… |
[51:00] | but if a building fell on me… | 但如果房子垮了压在我身上… |
[51:03] | would you consider taking care of Billy? | 你会考虑照顾比利吗? |
[51:12] | I want you to know that I put some thought into this… | 我只是要你知道 我想过了… |
[51:15] | and I… | 我… |
[51:17] | can’t think of anybody else I would trust with him. | 我…不知道还能把他交给谁 |
[51:21] | I know you’d be okay with him because… | 我知道你对比利很合适 因为你是个… |
[51:25] | you’re a good mother. | 好妈妈 |
[51:33] | You’re a lousy dishwasher. | 但洗碗洗得很糟 |
[51:37] | – All right? – Okay. | – 好吗?- 好 |
[51:48] | You’re all right. | 你很不错 |
[52:04] | Louise, you want to get that? | 露薏丝 你要接吗? |
[52:09] | Louise, it’s ringing… Yeah, hello. | 露薏丝 电话在响… 喂 |
[52:13] | Yes, who is this? | 是 请问哪位? |
[52:19] | Joanna. | 乔安娜 |
[52:40] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[52:42] | – Hi. – How are you? | – 嗨 – 你好吗? |
[52:44] | You look great. | 你看起来很好 |
[52:47] | – How’s your…? – What? | – 你的… – 什么? |
[52:49] | – I’m sorry. – I was saying, how’s your job? | – 抱歉 – 我本来要问你的工作如何? |
[52:52] | Fine. Vice president of nothing. | 还好 不值一提的副总 |
[52:55] | No, really, it’s great. | 真的 工作非常顺利 |
[52:56] | – Would you like a drink? – Whatever she has. | – 你要喝点什么吗?- 跟她一样 |
[52:59] | – White wine. – Wine. | – 白酒 – 好 |
[53:01] | – How’s Billy? – He’s terrific. | – 比利如何?- 他很好 |
[53:03] | He had a little accident in a playground. He cut himself. | 几周前在公园游戏区 出点小意外 他受伤了 |
[53:07] | It was scary. I ran him to the hospital. | 我吓死了 我抱他一路跑到医院 |
[53:10] | He has a little scar, but he’ll be fine. | 他有个小疤 不过会好的 |
[53:13] | I’ve been worrying that it’s my fault… | 我一直担心 这是我的错… |
[53:16] | Don’t do that. You can’t even see it from a distance. | 不 别那么想 远远根本看不到 |
[53:27] | He got so big. | 他长得好大了 |
[53:29] | You’ve been watching him? | 你在看他? |
[53:30] | I’ve been in New York for about two months now. | 我回纽约两个月了 |
[53:33] | I didn’t know that. | 我都不知道 |
[53:35] | Anyway… | 总之… |
[53:37] | That’s why I wanted to talk to you today. | 今天来找你是因为… |
[53:40] | Last time you saw me, I was in pretty bad… | 上次你看到我 我情况很糟… |
[53:45] | – Shaky? – Really bad shape. | – 情绪不稳?- 对 没错 |
[53:47] | Yeah, I was. | 是的 |
[53:49] | I was. | 是的 |
[53:51] | Well, you look lovely now. | 你现在看起来很好 |
[53:56] | – What? – I have a whole speech. | – 怎么了?- 我有一番话要说 |
[53:59] | Go ahead. | 说吧 |
[54:04] | All my life I’ve felt like… | 我一生都觉得自己是… |
[54:07] | somebody’s wife or mother or daughter. | 人家的太太 妈妈 或女儿 |
[54:10] | Even when we were together I never knew who I was. | 就是我们在一起的时候 我都不知道自己是谁 |
[54:15] | That’s why I had to go away. | 所以我必须离开 |
[54:17] | In California, I think I found myself. | 在加州 我找到自己 |
[54:20] | I got myself a job. | 有了工作 |
[54:22] | I got myself a therapist, a really good one. | 我找了个很好的心理治疗师 |
[54:26] | And I feel better about myself than I ever have in my whole life. | 我从来没有对自己这么满意过 |
[54:31] | I learned a lot about myself. | 我对自己了解了很多 |
[54:35] | Such as? | 比如说? |
[54:38] | No, really, I’d really like to know what you learned. | 不 真的 我想知道你了解什么 |
[54:47] | I’ve learned that I love my little boy. | 我了解到我很爱我的小孩 |
[54:52] | And that I’m capable of taking care of him. | 还有…我有能力照顾他 |
[54:56] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[55:00] | I want my son. | 我要我儿子 |
[55:02] | You can’t have him. | 你不能这样 |
[55:03] | Don’t get defensive. Don’t bully me. | 防卫性不要这么强 别吓唬我 |
[55:06] | I’m not getting defensive. | 我不是防卫性强 |
[55:08] | Who walked out 15 months ago? | 是谁15个月前离开家的? |
[55:09] | I don’t care. I’m still his mother. | 我不管 我还是他妈妈 |
[55:12] | From 3000 miles away. | 在三千哩之外 |
[55:13] | Because you sent post cards gives you the right to come back? | 只因为寄了几张明信片 就让你有权利回来这里? |
[55:17] | I never stopped wanting him. | 但我从没停止不要他过 |
[55:19] | What makes you sure he wants you? | 你凭什么确定他要你? |
[55:21] | What makes you sure he doesn’t? | 那你凭什么确定他不要我? |
[55:24] | We’re gonna sit here and bat this back and forth. | 那我们就坐在这争来争去 |
[55:27] | – It’s like old times. – You can’t deny me… | – 就像过去一样 – 你不能禁止… |
[55:30] | Don’t tell me what I can or cannot do. | 不用你告诉我怎么做 |
[55:33] | – Don’t talk to me that way. – I anticipated this. | – 不要那样对我说话 – 我早想到会这样 |
[55:37] | Do what you have to. I’ll do what I have to. | 你做你必须做的事 我去做我必须做的事 |
[55:39] | I’m sorry about this. | 事情变成这样我很遗憾 |
[55:41] | Do what you have to do. | 你该怎么做就怎么做 |
[55:50] | I don’t know the legal jargon for it, but I think it’s “desertion.” | 我不知道法律专有名词 但我想这算是抛弃 |
[55:54] | I don’t mean to tell you your job, but I have an open-and-shut case. | 我不是要教你怎么做 但我想这场官司很好打 |
[56:00] | There’s no such thing as an open-and-shut case where custody is involved. | 监护权官司没有好打的 |
[56:05] | I’ll bet your ex-wife has already found a lawyer… | 我敢说你的前妻 已经找了律师… |
[56:08] | who’s advised her to move back to establish residency. | 而且律师建议她 回纽约取得居民身分 |
[56:11] | The burden is on us to prove that your ex-wife is an unfit mother. | 现在的问题是要证明 你前妻是不称职的母亲 |
[56:16] | That means I’ll have to play rough. if I play rough… | 也就是说我得要来狠的 如果我来狠的… |
[56:19] | you can bet they will too. Can you take that? | 他们也会 你可以承受吗? |
[56:23] | Yes. | 可以 |
[56:25] | And it’s going to cost you $15,000. | 你要花一万五千块钱 |
[56:29] | That’s if we win. | 如果我们赢的话 |
[56:30] | If we go to appeal, it’ll cost you more. | 如果还要上诉 花费更多 |
[56:34] | I understand. | 我知道 |
[56:37] | Now, how old is the child again? | 再说一次 孩子多大? |
[56:39] | My son is 7. | 我儿子七岁 |
[56:41] | – That’s tough. – Why? | – 这很难 – 为什么? |
[56:43] | In cases involving a child that young, the court tends to side with her. | 因为小孩还小 法官通常倾向母亲那一方 |
[56:47] | She signed over custody. | 但她已让出监护权 |
[56:49] | I’m not saying we don’t have a shot, but it won’t be easy. | 我不是说没机会赢 但不容易 |
[56:53] | Do me a favor, will you? | 帮我个忙好吗? |
[56:55] | There’s something I find useful in matters like this. | 我发现面对这种情况 这么做很有用 |
[56:58] | I sit down and I write out all the pros and cons on an issue. | 我坐下 写出正反两面的影响 |
[57:02] | Write them and look at them. | 写下来 然后看一看 |
[57:06] | – I want you to do that, okay? – Okay. | – 我要你也这样做 好吗?- 好 |
[57:08] | And after that… | 之后… |
[57:10] | if you’re really certain you want to retain custody… | 如果确定要保留监护权… |
[57:13] | then we’ll go in there and beat the pants off them. Okay? | 我们就狠狠修理他们 好吗? |
[57:37] | I love you, Billy. I know you’re sleeping and can’t hear me. | 我爱你 比利 我知道你睡着了 听不见 |
[57:41] | I love you with all my heart. | 我全心爱着你 |
[58:01] | Ted, you got a lunch? | 泰德 有人约午饭吗? |
[58:03] | Hi, Jim. I don’t know. I was trying to work this idea out here… | 吉姆 天啊 我不知道 我忙着想这个点子… |
[58:07] | Good. I’ll pick you up at 1:00. | 好 我一点钟来接你 |
[58:11] | Okay, you got it. | 没问题 |
[58:13] | So the other morning, I’m at the refrigerator… | 那天早上我站在冰箱前… |
[58:17] | getting Billy ready for school. | 替比利准备上学 |
[58:19] | I’m just in my underwear and he notices I’ve lost weight. | 我只穿内衣 他注意到我瘦了 |
[58:23] | He comes in and pats me. He comes to here. | 他走过来拍我 他大概到我这里 |
[58:26] | And he says, “Daddy, you’ve really lost a lot of weight.” | 然后说 “爹地 你真的瘦好多” |
[58:30] | He looks up at me and he says, “And it’s all gone to your nose.” | 看着我说 “肉都跑到你的鼻子去了” |
[58:36] | He was so cute. You know? | 他真可爱 你知道吗? |
[58:38] | You know, kids. | 小孩子 |
[58:39] | It’s delicious, want a taste? | 这很好吃 你要吃吗? |
[58:42] | – I’m full. – it’s good. | – 我饱了 – 真好吃 |
[58:44] | Listen, Ted… | 听着 泰德… |
[58:46] | I had a call from a friend of mine over at another agency. | 我在其他广告公司的朋友 打电话给我 |
[58:52] | The Mid-Atlantic people have invited them to pitch the account. | 大西洋航空请他们去比稿 |
[58:55] | Why? | 为什么? |
[58:57] | They’re not happy with what we’re doing. | 我想他们对我们不太满意 |
[59:00] | I think you should have them over and I’ll give a little tap dance. | 我想你应该请他们过来 让我露一手 |
[59:05] | I got Norman working on it. | 我已经叫诺曼去处理了 |
[59:07] | Norman? | 诺曼? |
[59:12] | You taking me off the account? | 你要把这个客户转给别人做? |
[59:16] | You don’t like me anymore? | 你不喜欢我了? |
[59:18] | It’s not quite that simple. | 不是那么简单 |
[59:22] | I think we’re gonna have to make a few changes here. | 我想我们要有点改变 |
[59:29] | You’re firing me? | 你要开除我? |
[59:33] | Yeah, I’m letting you go, yes. | 是 我要遣散你 没错 |
[59:38] | Why? | 为什么? |
[59:40] | Now, look, Ted, this is a very painful thing for me. | 泰德 这对我来说很痛苦 |
[59:43] | I’ve been getting a lot of pressure from the guys upstairs. | 但上司们给我很多压力 |
[59:47] | There wasn’t anything I could do. | 我没有其他选择 |
[59:49] | I think it’s better this way. | 我想了很久 这样比较好 |
[59:52] | If I took your stripes… | 如果我把你降级… |
[59:53] | if I put you on a schlock account, you’d hate it, and me for doing it. | 或把你分到你讨厌的客户 你会因此痛恨我 |
[59:58] | This way it’s a clean break. That’s the best thing. | 如此快刀斩乱麻 相信我 这样做最好 |
[1:00:02] | You know my wife is fighting for custody? | 你知道我太太正在和我 打官司争小孩监护权吗? |
[1:00:04] | You know that we’re going to court? | 你知道我们就要上法庭了吗? |
[1:00:07] | Do you know what my chances are if I’m out of a job? | 如果我丢了工作 我的胜算有多少? |
[1:00:11] | I understand that you’re upset… | 我知道你很生气… |
[1:00:13] | I don’t want to beg, but I’m asking you, please, as a friend. | 我不想求你 但我以朋友身份请你帮忙 |
[1:00:18] | I’m asking you. | 我请你帮忙 |
[1:00:20] | You’re an extremely bright guy. You’ve got a hell of a talent. | 你非常聪明 真的 你很有天分 你可以的 |
[1:00:24] | You’re gonna land on your feet. You’re gonna survive. | 你会站起来 会活下去 |
[1:00:28] | Teddy, look. | 泰德 听着 |
[1:00:31] | I know you may be short on cash. | 我知道你现在手头紧 |
[1:00:33] | No big hurry about paying this back. | 不用急着还我这些钱 |
[1:00:36] | Shame on you. | 你真可耻 |
[1:01:30] | Daddy, the phone’s ringing. | 爹地 电话 |
[1:01:34] | – Mr. Kramer? – Yes. | – 克拉玛先生?- 我是 |
[1:01:35] | – Hold on for Mr. Shaunessy. – Ted. | – 稍候 尚纳希先生找你 – 泰德 |
[1:01:37] | John. What’s happening? | 约翰 什么事? |
[1:01:39] | They set the court date. I just heard today it’s January 9th. | 他们订好开庭时间 我今天听说订在1月9日 |
[1:01:43] | I gotta tell you something. I got fired today. They laid me off. | 我要告诉你一件事 我今天被公司资遣了 |
[1:01:50] | Yeah, I’m still here. Ted, I won’t lie to you. | 我还在 泰德我不骗你 |
[1:01:53] | We don’t have a hope of winning if you’re out of work. | 如果你没工作 我们就没机会得到监护权 |
[1:01:58] | Yeah, listen, you tell that… | 是 听好 你告诉… |
[1:02:01] | You tell that party and you tell that party’s attorney… | 你告诉对方还有对方的律师… |
[1:02:04] | that I want a delay. | 说我要延后开庭 |
[1:02:06] | Sorry, it’s really too late. | 泰德 很抱歉 真的太迟了 |
[1:02:08] | – Fine. I’ll have a job in 24 hours. – How? | – 好 我会在一天内找到工作 – 你要怎么做到? |
[1:02:11] | I’ll have a job in 24 hours. | 我会在一天内找到工作 |
[1:02:43] | This is the worst time to look for work. | 你知道这是一年里 最难找工作的时候 |
[1:02:46] | It’s the holidays. We’ll have something for you by mid-February. | 现在大家都在放假 我知道2月中会有工作 |
[1:02:50] | – March, at the latest. – I can’t wait. | – 最晚是3月 – 我不能等 |
[1:02:52] | Mr. Kramer, it’s December 22. | 今天是12月22日 |
[1:02:55] | If you could just look in your card catalogue. | 请你看一下你的卡片簿 |
[1:03:03] | I’ll take anything. | 什么我都做 |
[1:03:08] | There might be something at Norman, Craig and Kummel. | 在诺曼公司可能有机会 |
[1:03:11] | What is it? | 什么样的工作? |
[1:03:13] | Something in the art department. | 在美术部门的 |
[1:03:15] | You’d go back on the board. | 你得回去画图稿 |
[1:03:17] | It’s really a step down, and a cut in salary of 5000. | 你这是不进则退 薪水一年少了快五千元 |
[1:03:20] | You’ll be happier if you wait. | 我想你等到元旦以后会比较好 |
[1:03:22] | Call them up, make an appointment for me today at 4:00. | 帮我忙打电话 帮我约今天下午四点 |
[1:03:26] | It’s the Friday before Christmas. | 今天是圣诞节前的周五 |
[1:03:28] | It’s still a workday. | 但还是工作日 |
[1:03:30] | Nobody’s gonna want to… | 没有人会要… |
[1:03:32] | Either you call them or I do. | 好 不是你打就是我打 |
[1:03:34] | If I call them up, you don’t get a commission. Right? | 但如果是我打 你就拿不到佣金 对吧? |
[1:03:37] | My, we are a hotshot, aren’t we? | 你可真厉害 不是吗? |
[1:03:42] | Yes, we are. | 没错 |
[1:03:49] | – Good afternoon. – I’m Kramer. I have an appointment. | – 午安 – 我是克拉玛 我有约 |
[1:03:53] | I did all of the copy on that one. | 这些文案都是我做的 |
[1:03:59] | That was the most successful ad campaign they ever had. | 那是他们历来最成功的宣传活动 |
[1:04:02] | I did the idea, the layout and most of the copy on that one. | 那个设计 和大部份文案都是我做的 |
[1:04:07] | Mr. Kramer, I must say, this is very impressive. | 克拉玛先生 我很欣赏 |
[1:04:10] | I’d like to get back to you. | 我会回消息给你 |
[1:04:12] | Is there someone I should see before you come to your decision? | 在你们决定以前 我还要见谁? |
[1:04:16] | Mr. Spencer, our creative director. | 史班瑟先生 我们的创意总监 |
[1:04:19] | Why don’t you let me see him now? | 何不让我现在就见他? |
[1:04:21] | He’s leaving on vacation. I’ll set something up the moment he gets back. | 抱歉 他今晚就要离开 但等他回来我会安排 |
[1:04:26] | – I think… – Have a nice holiday. | – 我想那… – 过节愉快 |
[1:04:29] | I’d like to see him before he leaves. | 我要在他离开前见他 |
[1:04:32] | – Mr. Kramer, I don’t… – I want this position very much. | – 克拉玛先生… – 我很想要这份工作 |
[1:04:39] | Wait here. | 在这里等一下 |
[1:05:11] | Mr. Kramer, Mr. Spencer. | 克拉玛先生这位是史班瑟先生 |
[1:05:13] | – How do you do? – You got 10 minutes. | – 你好 – 你有十分钟 |
[1:05:17] | You do understand that the salary is $4800 less than you were making? | 你知道年薪少了4千8百块? |
[1:05:23] | Yes, I understand. | 是的 我知道 |
[1:05:24] | Why are you interested in a position for which you’re overqualified? | 你为何想屈就这份工作? |
[1:05:29] | I need the job. | 我需要工作 |
[1:05:30] | Let me think. I’ll let Jack know and he’ll get in touch with you. | 让我想想看 我会让杰克知道 他会和你连络 |
[1:05:34] | This is a one-day offer. | 不 这是今天才有的条件 |
[1:05:36] | You saw my book, you know I can handle the work. | 你们看了我的作品 知道我可以应付那份工作 |
[1:05:40] | You’re gonna have to let me know today, not at the end of the holidays. | 但你要今天让我知道 不是等放完假 |
[1:05:44] | If you want me, make a decision right now. | 如果你真的要我就现在做决定 |
[1:05:53] | Could we talk privately for a moment? | 让我们私下谈谈好吗? |
[1:05:56] | Yes, sir. | 当然 |
[1:06:44] | Mr. Kramer, you got yourself a job. Congratulations. | 克拉玛先生 你录取了 恭喜 |
[1:06:49] | Really? | 真的? |
[1:06:52] | – Is he kidding? – Welcome aboard. | – 他在开玩笑吗?- 欢迎你 |
[1:06:54] | Thank you. Thank you very much. Thanks. | 谢谢 多谢了… |
[1:07:16] | Merry Christmas. | 圣诞快乐 |
[1:07:30] | Come on. | 快点 |
[1:07:36] | – What do you think? – It’s neat. | – 你觉得怎么样?- 不错 |
[1:07:38] | – I told you. – Where is everybody? | – 我早就告诉你 – 其他的人呢? |
[1:07:41] | It’s Saturday, so very few people come in because it’s a day off. | 今天是周六 所以很少人来 因为他们都放假了 |
[1:07:46] | Okay, push “up.” | 好 按 “往上” |
[1:07:51] | Push the top button. Very top button. | 按最上面的那个 |
[1:07:54] | Go ahead, jump. | 跳啊 |
[1:07:59] | – Look at that! – Neat! | – 看窗户 – 好棒 |
[1:08:00] | You didn’t know you were so high. | 你不知道会到这么高的地方来 |
[1:08:02] | What building is that? That has the pointy top. | 那栋是什么?屋顶上有尖尖的 |
[1:08:05] | That’s the Chrysler. | 克莱斯勒大楼 |
[1:08:07] | You proud of me? | 你以我为荣吗? |
[1:08:09] | How’d you get this job? | 你怎么找到这份工作的? |
[1:08:10] | I told them I wanted it. What’s that say? | 我告诉他们我想要这份工作 上面写什么? |
[1:08:13] | It says “Kramer.” | “克拉玛” |
[1:08:15] | Kramer. Who’s that? | 克拉玛是谁啊? |
[1:08:17] | – That’s us. – That’s right. | – 是我们 – 那就对了 |
[1:08:19] | You want to see? | 你要看吗? |
[1:08:22] | Wow! | 哇 |
[1:08:26] | – This is neat. – You like it? | – 好棒喔 – 喜欢吗? |
[1:08:29] | Careful, careful. | 小心… |
[1:08:30] | – I’m okay. – Scare me. | – 我没事 – 你吓死我了 |
[1:08:32] | What’s that building? | 那一栋房子是什么? |
[1:08:34] | That’s the U.N. building. That’s the East River. | 那是联合国大厦 那边是东河 |
[1:08:36] | Look across there. You see that? | 还有那边 看到没? |
[1:08:39] | That’s Queens. Look way, way down there. | 那里是皇后区 往那边一直往下走 |
[1:08:41] | – Know what that is? – What? | – 你知道是哪里吗?- 是哪里? |
[1:08:43] | – Brooklyn. – Where you lived when you were a kid? | – 布鲁克林 – 那不是你小时候住的地方吗? |
[1:08:46] | That’s right, and this is where I work. | 没错 这里是我工作的地方 |
[1:08:51] | Is this really your desk? | 这真的是你的桌子? |
[1:08:56] | Are you gonna get remarried? | 你会不会再结婚? |
[1:08:58] | I hadn’t thought about it. | 我没想过 |
[1:09:01] | Are you gonna marry Phyllis? | 你会不会和菲莉丝结婚? |
[1:09:03] | No, we’re just good friends. | 不会 我们只是好朋友 |
[1:09:09] | Are you and Mom ever gonna get remarried? | 那你会不会和妈咪再结婚? |
[1:09:13] | No, Mommy and me will never be remarried. | 不会 妈咪和我不会再结婚了 |
[1:09:16] | I bet if she saw this, she’d remarry you. | 我敢说如果她看到这个 一定会再嫁给你的 |
[1:09:22] | You’re a con artist. We made a deal. | 你真会耍赖 我们说好的 |
[1:09:25] | You take a bath every night… | 每天洗澡… |
[1:09:27] | and you wash that filthy hair twice a week, right? | 每周还要洗两次脏头发 对不对? |
[1:09:30] | – Right? – Yeah. | – 对不对?- 对 |
[1:09:32] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:09:33] | Promise, or you’re not going. | 现在答应我 不然就不能去 |
[1:09:35] | Did I have to when Mommy was here? | 妈咪在的时候 我每周要洗两次头吗? |
[1:09:38] | I don’t care what you had to do when Mommy… | 我不管妈咪在的时候… |
[1:09:42] | Did I, Dad? Did I? | 爹地 我那时要吗? |
[1:09:48] | Are you listening? | 爹地 你在听我说吗? |
[1:09:49] | We’ll talk about it tonight when I get home, okay? | 好 今晚我们回家再说好吗? |
[1:09:52] | Come here, give me a kiss. | 好 现在亲我一下 |
[1:09:55] | – What? – You’re a terrific kid. | – 怎样?- 你是个很乖的小孩 |
[1:10:03] | He says, “There’s the unicorn.” | 他说 “有一只独角兽” |
[1:10:06] | And he goes underneath there, and he says: | 接着他就钻到下面去了 然后说 |
[1:10:08] | “Crumbs, what’s happening? | 发生什么事? |
[1:10:11] | The air supply has stopped. | 空气补给停了 |
[1:10:13] | Thundering typhoons, what are you doing?” | “雷暴风 你们在做什么?” |
[1:10:16] | “Resting. it’s tiring work, you know.” | “我们在休息 这工作很累人” |
[1:10:18] | What’s the air supply? | 什么是空气补给? |
[1:10:20] | When you got two tanks on your back and you can’t get any air… | 当你背上背了两个氧气筒 却无法呼吸… |
[1:10:24] | you can drown, so he’s gotta have that. | 可能会淹死 所以要有空气补给 |
[1:10:26] | Ted, John Shaunessy. | 泰德 我是约翰尚纳希 |
[1:10:28] | Hi, what’s up? | 约翰 什么事? |
[1:10:29] | I got a call from your wife’s lawyer. She wants to see the kid. | 我刚接到你太太律师的电话 她想见孩子 |
[1:10:33] | – She wants what? – She’s the mother. | – 她要干嘛?- 她是母亲 |
[1:10:36] | She’s within her legal rights. | 这是在合法的权利范围 |
[1:10:38] | – How do I know she won’t kidnap him? – I don’t think she’d bother… | – 我怎能确定她不会绑架他 – 泰德 我想如果她要… |
[1:10:43] | suing if she’s gonna kidnap him. | 绑架孩子就不会打官司了 |
[1:10:46] | Wait. I’m not so sure about her mental health. | 好 等一下 我不太确定她的精神状况 |
[1:10:49] | – What do you mean? – She said she was seeing a shrink. | – 什么意思?- 她说她在看神经病医生 |
[1:10:52] | A psychiatrist. | 心理治疗师 |
[1:10:54] | Did you see her talk to walls? | 你看过她对墙壁说话吗? |
[1:10:55] | I’m just saying, you know. | 我只是说 你知道的 |
[1:10:57] | I’m just saying you don’t have a choice. | 我只是说你没有选择 |
[1:11:00] | Have Billy at the boat pond in Central Park, Saturday at 10. | 周六早上10点 带比利到中央公园的池塘去 |
[1:11:03] | – Do I have to? – Yes. | – 一定要去吗?- 是的 |
[1:11:07] | Thanks very much. | 谢谢 |
[1:11:09] | Daddy, will you come on and finish the story? | 爹地 你要回来念完这个故事吗? |
[1:11:14] | Okay, I’m coming. I’m coming. | 好 我马上就来 |
[1:11:20] | What happens if the guy drowns? How do they find him? | 如果那个人淹死怎么办?他们要怎么找到他? |
[1:11:24] | When you die, there’s bubbles that come up or something. | 我想人死的时候 会有一些气泡升上来 |
[1:11:27] | Where did I leave off? | 我刚说到哪里? |
[1:11:29] | You left off right there. | 说到这里 |
[1:11:32] | “Thundering typhoons…” | “雷暴风…” |
[1:11:36] | it’s got an obstacle course and stuff. | 还有障碍路线什么的 |
[1:11:38] | – The cars go really fast. – How much? | – 那车子跑得很快 – 多少钱? |
[1:11:41] | It’s really neat. | 真的很棒 |
[1:11:42] | It’s neat. | 那个很棒 |
[1:11:44] | – Come here, I want you to look… – Okay, okay. | – 来这里 我要你看… – 好… |
[1:12:02] | I’ll have him back by 6. | 6点前我会送他回来 |
[1:12:06] | You got so handsome. | 你长得好帅啊 |
[1:13:04] | Remember, we talked about it, keep your answers short and succinct. | 记住 我们谈过 回答要简短 讲重点 |
[1:13:08] | Just tell the truth and it’ll be all right. Believe me. | 说实话就没问题 相信我 |
[1:13:14] | – She’s here. – Yeah, I know. I saw her. | – 她来了 – 我知道 我看到她了 |
[1:13:17] | Whatever you do, try not to become emotional, no matter what he says. | 不管怎么做 不要太情绪化 不管那个男的说什么 |
[1:13:21] | You’ll hear things that may upset you. I don’t want you to react. | 你会听到很多让你生气的话 但你都不要有反应 |
[1:13:25] | Persons having business with the Supreme Court, State of New York… | 纽约州高等法院… |
[1:13:30] | special term part five, draw nigh and ye shall be heard. | 特别开庭期第五期 各位有关人士请上前陈情 |
[1:13:33] | This court is now in session. Judge Atkins presiding. All rise. | 现在开庭 由艾特亭法官审理 全体起立 |
[1:13:55] | – Is the petitioner’s attorney ready? – I am, Your Honor. | – 原告律师准备好了吗?- 是的 庭上 |
[1:13:59] | I would like to call Joanna Kramer. | 我想传唤乔安娜克拉玛 |
[1:14:01] | Motherhood, going for the throat. | 用母爱直接攻击要害 |
[1:14:03] | You swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth? | 你发誓所言句句属实 绝无虚言? |
[1:14:06] | I do. | 是的 |
[1:14:14] | Now, Mrs. Kramer, would you tell the court how long you were married? | 克拉玛太太 请告诉庭上你结婚多久了? |
[1:14:18] | Eight years. | 8年 |
[1:14:20] | And would you describe those years as happy? | 这几年你是否快乐? |
[1:14:23] | The first two, yes. | 头两年很快乐 |
[1:14:26] | But after that it became increasingly difficult. | 但之后就越来越艰难 |
[1:14:30] | Mrs. Kramer, did you hold a job before you were married? | 克拉玛太太 你结婚之前有工作吗? |
[1:14:35] | Yes, I did. When I first got out of Smith… | 我有 我从史密斯学院毕业后… |
[1:14:39] | I worked in the art department of Mademoiselle magazine for years. | 在女仕杂志设计部门 工作好几年 |
[1:14:44] | Did you continue to work after you were married? | 你结婚之后有继续工作吗? |
[1:14:48] | No. I did not. | 没有 |
[1:14:51] | Did you wish to? | 你当时想工作吗? |
[1:14:52] | Yes, but every time I talked to Ted… | 想 但每次我和泰德… |
[1:14:57] | To my ex-husband about it, he wouldn’t listen. | 我的前夫讨论 他都不听 |
[1:15:02] | He refused to discuss it in any serious way. | 他拒绝认真和我讨论 |
[1:15:07] | He said that I probably couldn’t get a job… | 他曾说我就算找到工作… |
[1:15:10] | that would pay enough to hire a babysitter. | 薪水可能也不够付褓姆费 |
[1:15:13] | Tell me, are you employed at the present time? | 请告诉我 你现在有工作吗? |
[1:15:16] | I’m a sportswear designer here in New York. | 有 我现在是纽约一家 运动服装的设计师 |
[1:15:19] | And what is your present salary? | 你现在的薪水是多少? |
[1:15:22] | I make $31,000 a year. | 年薪三万一千元 |
[1:15:25] | Mrs. Kramer, do you love your child? | 克拉玛太太 你爱你的孩子吗? |
[1:15:29] | Yes, I do, very much. | 我非常爱他 |
[1:15:32] | And yet you chose to leave him. | 但你却选择离开他 |
[1:15:36] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:15:43] | During the last five years of our marriage… | 在过去的5年婚姻中… |
[1:15:49] | I was becoming more and more unhappy. | 我越来越不快乐 |
[1:15:52] | More and more troubled. | 越来越困惑 |
[1:15:53] | And I really needed somebody to help me… | 我很需要有人帮我… |
[1:15:58] | but when I turned to Ted, he just… | 但当我向泰德求助 他… |
[1:16:02] | wasn’t there for me. | 他不帮我 |
[1:16:05] | So we became more isolated from one another… | 所以我们越来越… |
[1:16:08] | more and more separate. | 疏离与孤独 |
[1:16:10] | He was very involved in his career. | 他对事业非常投入 |
[1:16:14] | And because of his attitude towards my fears… | 由于他对我的恐惧不关心… |
[1:16:18] | and his inability to deal with my feelings… | 对我的感受也无力面对… |
[1:16:23] | I had come to have almost no self-esteem. | 我几乎没有任何自信 |
[1:16:27] | I was scared and I was very unhappy. | 我很害怕 很不快乐 |
[1:16:30] | In my mind I had no choice but to leave. | 在我心里 除了离开别无选择 |
[1:16:34] | At the time I left, I felt that there was something wrong with me… | 当我离开的时候 我觉得自己很糟糕… |
[1:16:39] | and that my son would be better off without me. | 所以孩子没有我比较好 |
[1:16:44] | And it was only after I got to California that I realized… | 后来我到加州去 经过心理治疗后… |
[1:16:49] | after getting into therapy, that I wasn’t a terrible person. | 才发现自己没那么糟糕 |
[1:16:56] | And just because I needed some kind of creative or emotional outlet… | 除了孩子以外 我还需要 创作上或情绪上的纾解… |
[1:17:00] | other than my child, that didn’t make me unfit. | 但这并不表示 我是不称职的母亲 |
[1:17:04] | I would like to submit in evidence a report by Mrs. Kramer’s therapist… | 我要呈上一份证物 是克拉玛太太的心理治疗师… |
[1:17:09] | Dr. Eleanor Freedman. | 费德曼医师的报告 |
[1:17:10] | Objection, Your Honour. | 反对 |
[1:17:12] | The report is irrelevant and not binding on the respondent. | 这份报告与本案无关 而且对被告没有法律约束力 |
[1:17:16] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[1:17:18] | Can you tell the court why you are asking for custody? | 克拉玛太太 请告诉庭上 为何你要申请监护权? |
[1:17:24] | Because he’s my child… | 因为他是我的小孩… |
[1:17:26] | and because I love him. | 而且我爱他 |
[1:17:30] | I know I left my son. | 我知道我离开了我儿子 |
[1:17:33] | I know that that’s a terrible thing to do. | 我知道这么做很糟糕 |
[1:17:40] | Believe me, I have to live with that every day of my life. | 相信我 我这一辈子都会因此自责 |
[1:17:44] | But in order to leave him… | 但为了离开他… |
[1:17:47] | I had to believe it was the only thing I could do… | 我必须相信自己 当时别无选择… |
[1:17:52] | and that it was the best thing for him. | 那样做对他最好 |
[1:17:55] | I was incapable of functioning in that home. | 我在那个家不能运作 |
[1:17:57] | And I didn’t know… | 我不知道… |
[1:18:00] | what the alternative was… | 有什么其他办法… |
[1:18:02] | so I thought it was not best that I take him with me. | 所以我想最好不要带他走 |
[1:18:06] | However, I have since gotten some help… | 但后来我得到一些帮助… |
[1:18:10] | and I have worked very, very hard to become a whole human being. | 而且我非常努力 成为一个健全的人 |
[1:18:17] | I don’t think I should be punished for that. | 我不应该因此受到惩罚 |
[1:18:21] | I don’t think my little boy should be punished. | 我不认为 我的小孩应该受惩罚 |
[1:18:25] | Billy’s only 7 years old. | 比利现在才七岁 |
[1:18:28] | He needs me. | 他需要我 |
[1:18:30] | I’m not saying he doesn’t need his father… | 我不是说他不需要他父亲… |
[1:18:34] | but I really believe he needs me more. | 但我真的相信他更需要我 |
[1:18:39] | I was his mommy for five and a half years… | 我当了他5年半的妈咪… |
[1:18:44] | and Ted took over that role for 18 months. | 而泰德父代母职18个月 |
[1:18:53] | But I don’t know how anybody can possibly believe… | 我不懂谁会认为… |
[1:18:56] | that I have less of a stake in mothering that little boy… | 克拉玛先生… |
[1:19:00] | than Mr. Kramer does. | 比我更适合当这孩子的母亲 |
[1:19:06] | I’m his mother. | 我是他的母亲 |
[1:19:10] | I’m his mother. | 我是他的母亲 |
[1:19:17] | Thank you, Mrs. Kramer. | 谢谢 克拉玛太太 |
[1:19:18] | I have no further questions. | 我没有问题了 |
[1:19:22] | Now then, Mrs. Kramer… | 克拉玛太太… |
[1:19:26] | you say that you were married for eight years, is that correct? | 你说你结婚8年 对吗? |
[1:19:33] | In all that time did your husband ever strike you or physically abuse you? | 在那段时间你先生有没有打你 或用其他方式凌虐你 |
[1:19:39] | No. | 没有 |
[1:19:40] | Did he ever strike or physically abuse his child in any way? | 那他有没有 打你的孩子或凌虐他? |
[1:19:47] | Would you describe your husband as an alcoholic? | 你的先生是个酗酒者吗? |
[1:19:51] | A heavy drinker? | 他常常喝酒吗? |
[1:19:54] | Was he unfaithful? | 他对你不忠吗? |
[1:20:03] | Did he ever fail to provide for you in any way? | 那他是曾让你生活有所匮乏? |
[1:20:08] | I can certainly see why you left him. | 那我可知道你为何离开他了 |
[1:20:11] | Objection. | 反对 |
[1:20:15] | How long do you plan to live in New York, Mrs. Kramer? | 你打算在纽约住多久? |
[1:20:18] | Permanently. | 一辈子 |
[1:20:21] | How many boyfriends have you had, permanently? | 你这辈子交过多少男朋友? |
[1:20:24] | Objection on grounds of vagueness. | 反对问题不明确 |
[1:20:27] | I’ll allow it. | 证人必须作答 |
[1:20:32] | I don’t recall. | 我不记得了 |
[1:20:34] | More than three, less than 33, permanently? | 多于3个 少于33个? |
[1:20:37] | – Objection. – Overruled. | – 反对 – 反对无效 |
[1:20:38] | The witness will answer, please. | 证人请回答 |
[1:20:43] | Somewhere in between. | 大概在这之间 |
[1:20:45] | Do you have a lover now? | 你现在有爱人吗? |
[1:20:50] | Your Honour, I would request a direct answer to a direct question. | 庭上 我要求证人直接回答 |
[1:20:54] | Does she have a lover? | 她有爱人吗? |
[1:20:56] | I’ll allow that. The witness will answer, please. | 本席允许 证人请回答 |
[1:21:02] | Yes, I’m seeing someone now. | 是的 我有交往对象 |
[1:21:04] | Is that… permanent? | 这是…一辈子的吗? |
[1:21:09] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:21:10] | We don’t know when you say permanently… | 你说 “一辈子” 我们根本不能确定… |
[1:21:13] | if you plan to live in New York, or keep your child, for that matter… | 你是否会住在纽约 或照顾孩子一辈子… |
[1:21:17] | since you’ve never done anything that could be regarded as permanent. | 既然你从来没做过什么 可以被认为一辈子不变的事 |
[1:21:22] | Objection. I request the counsel be prevented from harassing the witness. | 反对 我要求庭上 阻止对方律师骚扰证人 |
[1:21:27] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[1:21:28] | I’ll put it another way, counselor. | 那我用另一种方式问好了 |
[1:21:31] | What was the longest personal relationship in your life… | 除了和父母 及女性朋友的感情… |
[1:21:35] | outside of parents or girlfriends? | 你哪一份关系是最长久的? |
[1:21:40] | I suppose that would be my child. | 我想是我小孩的关系 |
[1:21:43] | Whom you’ve seen twice in a year. | 但你一年只见他两次? |
[1:21:46] | Mrs. Kramer, your ex-husband… | 克拉玛太太 你和前夫的… |
[1:21:50] | wasn’t he the longest personal relationship in your life? | 关系不是最长的吗? |
[1:21:57] | Would you speak up? I couldn’t hear you. | 请说大声一点 克拉玛太太 我听不见 |
[1:22:00] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:22:02] | How long was that? | 有多久? |
[1:22:05] | We were married a year before the baby… | 我们在孩子出生前一年结婚… |
[1:22:09] | and seven years after. | 之后过了7年 |
[1:22:11] | So you were a failure at the most important relationship in your life. | 所以你在今生 最重要的关系上失败了 |
[1:22:15] | – Objection. – Overruled. | – 反对 – 反对无效 |
[1:22:17] | The witness’s opinion on this is relevant. | 证人的意见与案情有关 |
[1:22:20] | I was not a failure. | 我没有失败 |
[1:22:23] | What do you call it, a success? The marriage ended in divorce. | 难道是成功吗?这段婚姻以离婚收场了 |
[1:22:27] | I consider it less my failure than his. | 我觉得是他的失败 多于我的失败 |
[1:22:30] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[1:22:31] | You’ve just rewritten matrimonial law. You were both divorced. | 你刚才重写了婚姻法例 你们两个都是离婚人士 |
[1:22:35] | Objection! | 反对 |
[1:22:38] | Your Honour, I would like to ask what this model of stability… | 庭上 我想知道这名 所谓稳定和可敬的女子… |
[1:22:41] | and respectability has ever succeeded at. | 究竟有了什么成就? |
[1:22:44] | Were you a failure at the one most important relationship in your life? | 你在今生最重要的关系上 是失败的吗? |
[1:22:51] | – It did not succeed. – Not it, Mrs. Kramer, you. | – 它并不成功 – 不是 “它” 是你 |
[1:22:57] | Were you a failure at the one most important relationship in your life? | 你是否在一生中 最重要的关系上失败了? |
[1:23:02] | Were you?! | 是不是? |
[1:23:09] | No. | 不是 |
[1:23:15] | Is that a yes, Mrs. Kramer? | 这是默认吗 克拉玛太太? |
[1:23:25] | No further questions. | 没有其他问题了 |
[1:23:30] | – Did you have to be so rough? – Do you want the kid? | – 你一定要对她这么狠吗?- 你想不想要孩子? |
[1:23:34] | Daddy? | 爹地? |
[1:23:36] | Daddy. | 爹地 |
[1:23:37] | – Yeah? – What did you do when you were little? | – 什么事?- 你小时候都做些什么事? |
[1:23:41] | The same things you do. | 我想和你做的事一样啊 |
[1:23:42] | Did you watch The Brady Bunch? | 你看合家欢吗? |
[1:23:45] | No, we didn’t have any television. | 没有 我们那时没有电视 |
[1:23:48] | You didn’t? | 没有吗? |
[1:23:50] | We listened to the radio. | 我们听收音机 |
[1:23:52] | What else didn’t you have? | 还有什么是你小时候没有的? |
[1:23:54] | We didn’t have lots of things. | 很多东西都是我小时候没有的 |
[1:23:56] | – Like? – Like a lot of things. | – 像什么?- 很多东西 |
[1:23:59] | What kind? | 哪一种? |
[1:24:03] | Come here. | 过来 |
[1:24:06] | We didn’t have diet soda. | 我们没有健怡可乐 |
[1:24:08] | We had egg creams, which was chocolate syrup… | 我们有蛋淇淋 就是用一点巧克力糖浆… |
[1:24:10] | seltzer water and a bit of milk and you went… | 一点苏打水 一点牛奶 通通搅在一起… |
[1:24:13] | and you drank it and it was delicious. | 喝起来很好喝 |
[1:24:16] | We didn’t have the Mets, but we had the Brooklyn Dodgers. | 我们没有大都会队 但有道奇队 |
[1:24:19] | We had the Polo Grounds and Ebbets Field… | 我们有马球场 有艾比球场… |
[1:24:22] | Boy, those were the days. | 天啊 那些日子真快乐 |
[1:24:24] | We didn’t have the Volkswagens… | 我们没有福斯汽车… |
[1:24:26] | but we had all those different cars with funny names on them. | 但有各种车子 上面印着有奇怪的名字 |
[1:24:30] | We didn’t have Burger King or McDonald’s. | 我们没有汉堡王和麦当劳 |
[1:24:33] | We had automate where you put a quarter in and you’d get… | 但有自动贩卖机 进去放一个铜板… |
[1:24:38] | a piece of pie or a sandwich you could see through a window. | 可以买到一块派或一份 三明治 透过小窗子看到食物 |
[1:24:41] | We didn’t have graffiti, but we had this guy Kilroy… | 我们没有任何涂鸦 但有个叫克利的家伙在街上… |
[1:24:45] | Mr. Kramer is a very devoted father. | 克拉玛先生是个尽职的父亲 |
[1:24:47] | He spends a great deal of time with Billy. | 他花了很多的时间陪比利 |
[1:24:51] | He reads to Billy a lot. | 他常念书给比利听 |
[1:24:53] | They play together, they talk all the time. | 他们玩在一起 他们常常聊天 |
[1:24:57] | He’s a wonderful father. | 他是个很棒的父亲 |
[1:24:59] | Thank you. No further questions. | 谢谢你 菲利普太太 没有其他的问题 |
[1:25:02] | Mrs. Phelps, how long have you known Joanna Kramer? | 菲利普太太 你认识 乔安娜克拉玛有多久了? |
[1:25:06] | About six years, ever since she and Ted moved into the building. | 大概6年 从她和泰德搬进大楼以后 |
[1:25:10] | How often did you see Joanna Kramer and her son? | 你和乔安娜克拉玛母子 多久见一次面? |
[1:25:14] | I haven’t seen them together now for about a year and a half, but… | 当然大概有一年半的时间 我没有看见他们在一起… |
[1:25:18] | back then I saw them two or three times a week. | 不过以前我们大概 一周见二到三次面 |
[1:25:22] | My oldest daughter and Billy play together. | 我大女儿金和比利常玩在一起 |
[1:25:25] | Can you describe the relationship between Joanna Kramer and her son? | 你可以描述乔安娜克拉玛 和她儿子的关系吗? |
[1:25:29] | It was good. | 他们关系很好 |
[1:25:31] | Joanna was a very good mother. | 乔安娜是个很好的母亲 |
[1:25:32] | Both Ted and Joanna are very… | 乔安娜和泰德都很… |
[1:25:35] | Did Mrs. Kramer discuss her relationship with her ex-husband? | 你们是否讨论过 她和前夫的关系? |
[1:25:39] | Yes. | 有 |
[1:25:40] | Can you tell the court exactly what she said? | 你可以告诉庭上 她到底说过什么吗? |
[1:25:45] | Joanna wasn’t happy for many reasons… | 乔安娜因为很多原因不太快乐 |
[1:25:47] | Did you ever hear her say Mr. Kramer was insensitive to his son’s needs? | 你可曾听她说过克拉玛先生 对儿子的需求漠不关心? |
[1:25:56] | Would you answer the question? | 菲利普太太 请回答问题 |
[1:25:59] | – I didn’t hear you. – Yes, but that was before… | – 我听不见 – 有的 但那是在… |
[1:26:02] | Did you ever encourage her to leave her husband? | 你是否曾鼓励她离开她先生? |
[1:26:05] | No, I did not. | 没有 |
[1:26:10] | Several days before she left, did you say to her: | 在她离开的几天前 你是否曾对她说 |
[1:26:13] | “if you’re in this much pain, you owe it to yourself to leave”? | “如果你那么痛苦 你应该离开”? |
[1:26:19] | – I didn’t think Joanna… – Did you say to her: | – 我不认为乔安娜… – 你是否对她说过 |
[1:26:22] | “if you’re in this much pain, you owe it to yourself to leave”? | “如果你那么痛苦 你应该离开”? |
[1:26:27] | – Yes, but she was my friend… – No further questions. | – 是的 但她是我的朋友… – 没有其他的问题 |
[1:26:31] | Mrs. Phelps, you may step down. | 菲利普太太 你可以退席 |
[1:26:34] | Joanna, things are not the same now. | 乔安娜 事情现在不同了 |
[1:26:37] | Ted is not the same man. | 泰德不同了 |
[1:26:38] | – You don’t know how hard he’s tried… – Mrs. Phelps! | – 你不知道他有多努力… – 菲利普太太 请退席 |
[1:26:41] | They’re beautiful together. | 他们在一起时非常好… |
[1:26:44] | The witness is asked to step down. | 庭上 证人已被要求退席 |
[1:26:46] | If you could see them together… | 如果你见过他们一起的样子… |
[1:26:48] | maybe you wouldn’t be here now. | 也许你就不会来打官司了 |
[1:26:50] | Mrs. Phelps, that will be all! | 菲利普太太 够了 |
[1:26:57] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[1:27:01] | When you were talking… | 当你在说话的时候… |
[1:27:04] | When my ex-wife was talking about how unhappy she was during our marriage… | 当前妻说她在我们的婚姻中 很不快乐… |
[1:27:09] | most of what she said was probably true. | 我想她的话 可能大部份是真的 |
[1:27:11] | There’s a lot I didn’t understand. | 有很多事情我不了解 |
[1:27:14] | There’s a lot I’d do different if I could… | 如果可以的话 有很多事我会有不同的做法… |
[1:27:17] | just like there’s a lot you wish you could change but can’t. | 有很多事 是你希望能改变 但办不到的 |
[1:27:21] | Some things, once they’re done, can’t be undone. | 有些事是无法挽回的 |
[1:27:25] | My wife… | 我太太… |
[1:27:27] | My ex-wife says she loves Billy and I believe she does. | 我前妻说她爱比利 我也相信 |
[1:27:33] | But I don’t think that’s the issue here. | 但这不是这里讨论的重点 |
[1:27:36] | If I understand it correctly… | 如果我没搞错的话… |
[1:27:39] | what means the most here is what’s best for our son. | 在这里最重要的是 怎样对我们的儿子最合适… |
[1:27:44] | What’s best for Billy. | 谁对比利最合适 |
[1:27:47] | My wife used to say to me: | 我太太以前常对我说 |
[1:27:49] | “Why can’t a woman have the same ambitions as a man?” | “女人凭什么不能 像男人一样有野心?” |
[1:27:53] | I think you’re right. | 我想你是对的 |
[1:27:55] | And maybe I’ve learned that much. | 也许我已经体会到了 |
[1:27:57] | By the same token, I’d like to know… | 但同样的 我想知道… |
[1:28:00] | what law says a woman is a better parent simply by virtue of her sex? | 哪种法律规定只因性别所致 女人就比男人更会照顾孩子? |
[1:28:06] | I’ve had time to think about what makes a good parent. | 我常常在想 怎么样的父母才是好父母 |
[1:28:09] | It has to do with constancy. it has to do with patience… | 一定要有恒心 有耐心… |
[1:28:12] | listening to him… | 要聆听孩子说话… |
[1:28:14] | or pretending to listen when you can’t anymore. | 即使听不下去 也要假装在听 |
[1:28:17] | It has to do with love, like she was saying. | 要有爱心 就像…就像她说的 |
[1:28:21] | I don’t know where it says a woman has a corner on that market… | 我不知道哪里写过 女人天生有母爱… |
[1:28:25] | that a man has any less of those emotions than a woman. | 男人对孩子的爱 就一定比女人少 |
[1:28:28] | Billy has a home with me. I’ve made it the best I could. | 比利和我共同建立了一个家 我尽了一切力量 |
[1:28:32] | It’s not perfect. I’m not a perfect parent. | 它不是很完美 我不是一个完美的家长 |
[1:28:35] | Sometimes I don’t have enough patience and I forget that he’s a little kid. | 有时我没有足够的耐心 忘记他只是个小孩 |
[1:28:40] | But I’m there. | 但我在他身边 |
[1:28:43] | We eat breakfast and he talks to me, and then we go to school. | 我们一起吃早饭 他和我聊天然后一起上学 |
[1:28:48] | At night we have dinner together and we talk and I read to him and… | 晚上我们一起吃晚饭 聊天 然后我念故事给他听… |
[1:28:53] | And we built a life together and we love each other. | 我们一起建立生活 彼此相爱 |
[1:29:04] | If you destroy that… | 如果你毁了它… |
[1:29:08] | it may be irreparable. | 可能永远无法弥补 |
[1:29:18] | Joanna, don’t do that, please. | 乔安娜 别这样做 拜托 |
[1:29:22] | – Don’t do it twice to him. – Thank you, Mr. Kramer. | – 别再度毁了他的生活 – 谢谢 克拉玛先生 |
[1:29:26] | No further questions. | 没有其他问题了 |
[1:29:29] | How long have you worked in advertising? | 克拉玛先生 你在广告界工作多久? |
[1:29:32] | Ever since I graduated high school. | 自从我高中毕业 |
[1:29:36] | College, I mean. I’ve been there about 15 years. | 我是说 从大学开始 已经做了15年 |
[1:29:39] | Would you say you’ve achieved a certain status in your profession? | 你在这行已经到达 某种阶级或位置了吗? |
[1:29:43] | Yes, I have a good reputation. | 是的 我在这行有很好的名声 |
[1:29:46] | When you worked at Roth, Kane and Donovan, what was your salary? | 克拉玛先生 你在罗氏工作时薪水是多少? |
[1:29:49] | Around $33,000 dollars a year when I left. | 当我离开时 年薪大概是3万3千元 |
[1:29:52] | Now you work at Norman, Craig and Kummel? | 我想现在你是在诺曼工作吧? |
[1:29:55] | – Yes. – What is your salary? | – 是的 – 你的薪水多少? |
[1:29:57] | It’s almost 29,000. | 大概2万9千元 |
[1:30:00] | Could you be more specific? | 可以说得精确一点吗? |
[1:30:02] | I make $28,200. | 年薪是2万8千2百元 |
[1:30:05] | 28,200. | 2万8千2百元 |
[1:30:08] | You’re the only person who’s working his way down the ladder of success. | 你是我听过 唯一在成功路上走下坡的 |
[1:30:12] | Objection. Your Honor, I ask that counsel’s last remark be stricken. | 反对 庭上 我要求 原告律师最后一句不列入记录 |
[1:30:17] | Sustained. | 同意 |
[1:30:18] | Is it true you were fired from your previous job? | 你是否被前任雇主开除? |
[1:30:21] | – I was let go. – Will you tell us why you were let go? | – 我是被资遣的 – 可否告诉庭上为何被资遣? |
[1:30:26] | There was a difference of opinion in policy. | 因为我不同意公司政策 |
[1:30:29] | Is it true your agency lost a major account due to your negligence? | 该公司是否因为你的怠忽 丢掉一位重要客户? |
[1:30:34] | Objection! | 反对 |
[1:30:35] | I’m trying to establish the witness’s employment record. | 庭上 我只是想 证实证人的就业记录 |
[1:30:38] | He cannot hold a job. | 他不能长期工作 |
[1:30:41] | I’ll allow it, Mr. Shaunessy. | 反对无效 尚纳希先生 |
[1:30:43] | It’s not unusual in advertising for a client… | 广告客户中途改变主意… |
[1:30:47] | to change his mind and go elsewhere… | 换广告公司并不少见… |
[1:30:50] | Was it true you walked out on a client during a major presentation… | 你是否曾在 一次重要报告中途离席… |
[1:30:54] | saying that you had an appointment with a teacher? | 说你和一位老师有约? |
[1:30:57] | My son was sitting next to a kid who was hitting and biting. | 坐我儿子旁边的小孩又打他又咬他 |
[1:31:00] | – Yes or no? – Yes, but he bit my kid. | – 是或不是?- 是 但他咬我的小孩 |
[1:31:03] | Last spring, did you miss a deadline on the Mid-Atlantic account… | 去年春天 你是否误了 史西洋航空的截稿日… |
[1:31:08] | causing your company a great deal of embarrassment… | 致使贵公司不仅蒙羞… |
[1:31:10] | and considerable financial liability? | 还必须付出巨额赔偿? |
[1:31:13] | On that day I had to go home because my child was sick. | 那天我得回家 我儿子发高烧 |
[1:31:16] | Did you or did you not miss a deadline? | 克拉玛先生 你有没有误了截稿日? |
[1:31:19] | – My son was sick. – Answer the question. | – 我儿子生病了 – 请回答问题 |
[1:31:21] | I’m trying to answer the question. it’s not yes or no. | 我是在回答 那不是”是”或”不是”那么简单 |
[1:31:25] | – Yes or no? – He had a 104 temperature! | – 是或不是?- 他烧到华氏104度 |
[1:31:27] | He’s lying there sweating! I go home to him! | 躺在那冒汗 我回家陪他 |
[1:31:31] | Mr. Kramer, I urge you to stop or I’ll have to hold you in contempt. | 克拉玛先生 我要你停止 否则我判你藐视法庭 |
[1:31:41] | I missed the deadline. | 我误了截稿日 |
[1:31:44] | – Do you have a violent temper? – No. | – 你是否自认脾气很坏?- 不是 |
[1:31:47] | – Objection. – I withdraw the question. | – 反对 – 我收回这个问题 |
[1:31:49] | – Do you consider yourself a fit parent? – Yes, I do. | – 你自认是称职负责的父亲吗?- 是的 |
[1:31:52] | Is it true your child nearly lost an eye while in your care? | 那你的孩子是否在你的看顾下 几乎瞎了一只眼睛? |
[1:31:56] | – Objection. – Overruled. | – 反对 – 反对无效 |
[1:31:57] | Answer the question. | 克拉玛先生 回答问题 |
[1:31:59] | He was in the playground, on the jungle gym… | 我们当时在游戏场 他在攀登架… |
[1:32:01] | And fell and nearly lost an eye while in your care. | 在你看顾下 几乎瞎了一只眼睛 |
[1:32:05] | He fell and cut himself. | 他摔下来受了伤 |
[1:32:06] | Is it true you told your ex-wife… | 你是否告诉你前妻… |
[1:32:08] | you were responsible for the injury that disfigured your child? | 你应为他这次受伤破相负责? |
[1:32:12] | Did you tell her: | 你最近是否对她说 |
[1:32:14] | “When it happened I felt guilty. I felt it was my fault”? | “事情发生时我觉得很罪恶 我觉得都是我的错”? |
[1:32:17] | – Objection! – I have concluded my questions. | – 反对 – 庭上 我问完了 |
[1:32:56] | Ted? | 泰德? |
[1:32:59] | Ted? | 泰德? |
[1:33:05] | I’m sorry. I mentioned the accident to him two months ago… | 很抱歉我两个月前 向他提过那次意外… |
[1:33:10] | and I never thought he would bring it up, never. | 我根本没想到他会提出来 |
[1:33:15] | Believe me. | 相信我 |
[1:33:17] | I never would have mentioned it if I thought he’d pull a thing like that. | 如果我知道他会那样 我绝不会提 |
[1:33:23] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[1:33:24] | I’m… | 我… |
[1:33:37] | Ted. | 泰德 |
[1:33:38] | – Hi. – Hi. Here, let me help you. | – 嗨 – 我帮你 |
[1:33:41] | Heard anything yet? | 有消息吗? |
[1:33:42] | Any day. My lawyer says no news is good news. | 随时会有结果 我的律师说没消息就是好消息 |
[1:33:45] | – Guess what. – What? | – 猜怎么了?- 怎么了? |
[1:33:47] | Charley and I are talking about getting back together. | 查理和我谈到复合的事 |
[1:33:50] | Really? Did he finally call you? | 真的?他打电话给你了? |
[1:33:53] | No, I called him. | 没有 我打给他的 |
[1:33:55] | How come? | 为什么? |
[1:33:56] | I don’t know. I got to thinking about a lot of things since the trial. | 我不知道 开庭后我想了很多 |
[1:34:01] | And… | 总之… |
[1:34:02] | I don’t think it’ll work out, but he seems to want it. | 我不认为会成功 但他似乎想要 |
[1:34:05] | That’s terrific. How do you feel? | 那很棒 你觉得怎么样? |
[1:34:09] | I don’t know. I feel scared, I guess. | 我不知道 有点怕吧 我想 |
[1:34:23] | – Hi. – Hi. | – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[1:34:27] | I lost. | 我输了 |
[1:34:30] | I can’t tell you how sorry I am. | 我说不出我有多遗憾 |
[1:34:41] | What happened? | 发生什么事? |
[1:34:44] | The judge went for motherhood right down the line. | 法官完全偏向母亲那一方 |
[1:34:48] | “Ordered and decreed that the petitioner be awarded custody… | 经裁定原告获得 小孩的监护权… |
[1:34:52] | effective Monday, the 23rd of January… | 从1月23日 周一起生效… |
[1:34:55] | that the respondent pay for the support of the child, $400 a month. | 被告须给付小孩 每月四百元照顾养育费 |
[1:35:00] | The father shall have the following visitation rights: | 父亲有以下时间的探视权 |
[1:35:03] | Every other weekend, one night a week to be mutually agreed upon… | 在双方同意下 隔周周末 每周一夜… |
[1:35:07] | and one half of the child’s vacation period.” | 外加小孩假期的一半 |
[1:35:10] | – That’s it. – What if I fight it? | – 就这样了 – 如果我不服呢? |
[1:35:12] | I can’t guarantee anything. | 我不能保证什么 |
[1:35:15] | I’ll take my chances. | 我愿意赌一赌 |
[1:35:16] | – It’ll cost you. – I’ll pay anything. | – 会很花钱的 – 我不在乎 我会付费的 |
[1:35:19] | Look, Ted, I have to tell you something. | 听好 我得告诉你一件事 |
[1:35:23] | This time it’ll be Billy that pays. | 这次是比利要付出代价 |
[1:35:26] | I’ll have to put him on the stand. | 我得传唤比利当证人 |
[1:35:29] | I can’t do that. | 我不能这么做 |
[1:35:31] | No, I don’t want to do that. | 不 我不要那样 |
[1:35:35] | Thanks very much for your time. I’m gonna take a walk. | 谢谢你 我要去散个步 |
[1:35:55] | Ted? it’s me. | 泰德?是我 |
[1:36:02] | Ted? | 泰德? |
[1:36:04] | I just heard. | 我听说了 |
[1:36:06] | Please go away. | 请离开 |
[1:36:09] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗? |
[1:36:12] | I just have to be by myself for a while, Margaret. | 我想一个人静一下 玛格丽特 |
[1:36:24] | I don’t understand. | 我不太懂 |
[1:36:25] | The problem is your mom and I both want you to live with us. | 问题是 我和你妈咪 都想要你和我们住一起 |
[1:36:28] | So that’s why we decided to go see this man, who is the judge… | 所以我们决定去看一个人 就是法官… |
[1:36:33] | and we let him decide because he’s very wise and experienced. | 我们让他决定 因为他很聪明又有经验 |
[1:36:36] | We talked to him for a few days and then asked what he thought. | 我们和他谈了几天 然后问他觉得怎样 |
[1:36:40] | You know what? He agreed with Mommy. | 你知道他说什么吗?他赞成妈咪 |
[1:36:43] | He thought it’d be terrific if you lived with her from now on. | 他觉得你搬去和她住会很棒 |
[1:36:47] | I’m lucky because I get to have dinner with you once a week. | 我很幸运 因为每周可以和你吃一次晚饭 |
[1:36:50] | And twice a month we spend the weekends together. | 一个月有两个周末可以一起过 |
[1:36:55] | Where’s my bed gonna be? Where am I gonna sleep? | 我的床要搬到哪里?我要到哪儿睡觉? |
[1:36:59] | Mommy’s figured that all out. You have your own bedroom at her place. | 妈咪会安排的 你会有自己的房间 |
[1:37:04] | – Where will all my toys be? – At Mommy’s. | – 那我的玩具要放到哪里?- 妈咪家 |
[1:37:07] | We’re gonna take all your toys over there. | 我们会把你所有的玩具搬去 |
[1:37:09] | If you play your cards right, she’ll buy you some new ones. | 如果你乖的话 她一定会买新的给你 |
[1:37:13] | Who’s gonna read me my bedtime stories? | 谁会念床边故事给我听? |
[1:37:16] | Mommy will. | 妈咪 |
[1:37:18] | You’re not gonna kiss me good night anymore? | 那你不会吻我道晚安对吧? |
[1:37:21] | No, I won’t be able to do that. | 不会 我不能 |
[1:37:24] | But, you know, I get to visit. | 但我会去看你 |
[1:37:30] | It’s gonna be okay. Really. | 不要紧的 真的 |
[1:37:32] | If I don’t like it, can I come home? | 如果我不喜欢 可不可以回家? |
[1:37:35] | What do you mean? | 什么叫你不喜欢? |
[1:37:37] | You’ll have a great time with Mommy. | 你在妈咪家会很开心的 |
[1:37:39] | Really. She loves you so much. | 真的 她很爱你 |
[1:37:42] | Dad? | 爹地? |
[1:37:45] | Don’t forget, once, if you can just call me up, okay? | 千万别忘记 有时间就要打电话给我好吗? |
[1:37:55] | We’re gonna be okay. | 我们没问题的 |
[1:38:01] | Let’s go get some ice cream. | 走吧 我们去吃冰淇淋 |
[1:39:43] | Come on, let’s get this show on the road. | 好 走吧 我们开始准备吧 |
[1:39:48] | Let’s get a little hustle now, okay? | 快一点可以吧? |
[1:39:50] | Come on, set the table. | 好吧 来摆餐具 |
[1:40:01] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[1:40:14] | Are you ready? | 准备好了吗? |
[1:40:33] | Yes? | 喂? |
[1:40:35] | It’s Joanna. I’m downstairs in the lobby. | 泰德 我是乔安娜 我在楼下大厅 |
[1:40:37] | Can you come down here and meet me alone? | 你可以单独下来一下吗? |
[1:40:47] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[1:40:49] | What’s up? | 怎么了? |
[1:40:55] | Tell me. What? What’s the matter? | 告诉我 发生什么事? |
[1:40:58] | I woke up this morning. | 我早上起来 |
[1:41:04] | Kept thinking about Billy… | 一直在想比利 我… |
[1:41:06] | and I was thinking about him waking up in his room… | 我在想他早上 在房间里醒来… |
[1:41:09] | with his little clouds all around that I painted… | 会看见周围那些我画的云… |
[1:41:12] | and I thought I should have painted clouds downtown because… | 我想我应该在我家画云 因为… |
[1:41:19] | then he would think that he was waking up at home. | 他就会觉得 是在自己家里醒来 |
[1:41:25] | I came here to take my son home. | 我来这里接儿子回家 |
[1:41:33] | And I realized he already is home. | 突然了解这里才是他的家 |
[1:41:42] | I love him very much. | 我非常爱他 |
[1:41:50] | I’m not gonna take him with me. | 但我不带他走 |
[1:42:01] | Can I go up and talk to him? | 我可以上去和他说话吗? |
[1:42:04] | Yeah. | 可以 |
[1:42:13] | Why don’t you go upstairs and see him and I’ll wait here. | 这样吧 你干脆上去看他 我在这里等 |
[1:42:28] | How do I look? | 我的样子怎么样? |
[1:42:32] | Terrific. | 非常好 |