英文名称:Joy
年代:2015
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:45] | It doesn’t make sense. | 这说不通 |
[00:46] | I don’t understand how something like this happened. | 我不明白怎么会发生这样的事 |
[00:51] | I don’t know what I’m gonna do. | 我不知道该怎么办 |
[00:53] | This has been my whole life, and now it’s gone. | 那曾是我全部的人生 现在却消失了 |
[00:54] | I don’t know what I’m supposed to do. | 我不知道该怎么办 |
[00:57] | Pendleton Industries is all I’ve ever known. | 我只熟知彭德尔顿产业 |
[01:01] | And now it’s all been taken away. | 现在全都被夺走了 |
[01:05] | When someone sees a weakness in me, I turn that weakness into a strength. | 当别人看见了我的弱点 我会把那个弱点化为力量 |
[01:15] | Danica, you’re so strong. | 丹妮卡 你真坚强 |
[01:18] | I don’t think I could do anything like this. | 我做不出这样的事 |
[01:22] | You can imagine changing your life… | 克拉琳达 你可以去争取那块地 |
[01:24] | by fighting for the deed to the land, Clarinda. | 来改变你的生活 |
[01:27] | Which is only possible if Bartholomew is no longer living. | 只要巴塞洛缪离世 |
[01:34] | You will never get the deed to the land again. | 你永远也不会再得到那块地 |
[01:37] | I will never allow it. | 我永远也不会准许 |
[01:39] | Put down that gun, you silly girl. | 把枪放下 你这个傻瓜 |
[01:42] | Watch your step, Bartholomew. | 小心点 巴塞洛缪 |
[01:45] | Ridge is on his way. | 里奇正赶来 |
[01:47] | And he’s still in love with Clarinda. | 他仍爱着克拉琳达 |
[01:49] | And Jared loves me. | 贾里德爱着我 |
[01:52] | Clarinda… | 克拉琳达 |
[01:54] | it’s true. | 没错 |
[01:56] | I’m here for you. | 我为你而来 |
[02:12] | This is the story of Joy, as told by me, her grandmother. | 这是乔伊的故事 由我 她的外婆来讲讲 |
[02:22] | Everybody starts out with some kind of dream of what life will be. | 每个人都从梦想中的生活开始 |
[02:30] | Joy’s dream started at this metal garage her father ran. | 乔伊的梦想从她爸爸经营的 这家修车厂开始 |
[02:43] | Jackie, Jackie, bo-backie Banana-fana, fo-fackie | 杰基 杰基 往后走 有香蕉和弗兰基 |
[02:46] | Fee-fi, mo-mackie Jackie | 菲飞 麦基儿 杰基 |
[02:48] | My granddaughter had a best friend, Jackie. | 我的孙女有个好朋友叫杰基 |
[02:52] | Joy, Joy, bo-boy Banana-fana, fo-foy | 乔伊 乔伊 男孩子们 有香蕉和礼物 |
[02:54] | While shivering in my shoes | 我的脚在颤抖 |
[02:57] | I strike a careless pose | 我才不在乎 |
[02:59] | A half-sister, Peggy. | 还有一个同夫异母的姐姐 佩吉 |
[03:04] | A dog. | 一条狗 |
[03:05] | It’s okay. It’s okay, Mitzy. | 没事的 米茨 |
[03:08] | A father. | 父亲 |
[03:11] | A mother… | 母亲 |
[03:15] | who is my daughter. | 也就是我女儿 |
[03:19] | A grandmother. That’s me. | 外婆 就是我 |
[03:34] | She made many beautiful things in her room. | 她在房间里做了好多漂亮的东西 |
[03:38] | Magic. | 真是神奇 |
[03:40] | Some people love to make things. | 有些人很喜欢造东西 |
[03:44] | They have the patience and the focus to figure it out with their hands. | 他们有耐心 能集中精神 用双手解决问题 |
[03:49] | Joy was one of those people who rejoiced in making things. | 乔伊就是那样喜欢造东西的人 |
[03:53] | And I open the gate to the big g reen meadow. | 我打开通向大片草地的大门 |
[03:57] | And I went into the forest. | 我走进森林 |
[04:01] | And there, I conquered many dangers. | 在那我克服了很多危险 |
[04:05] | A wolf… | 一头狼 |
[04:06] | and other scary things. | 和其他吓人的东西 |
[04:08] | And then I started to build my very own house… | 然后我开始造我自己的房子 |
[04:12] | where I would live… | 我会住在那里 |
[04:13] | and make wonderful creations for all the world… | 然后创造很多美好的东西 让全世界 |
[04:16] | to see and have. | 都看到和拥有 |
[04:19] | And maybe for the prince and princess… | 或者给住在森林那边 |
[04:20] | who lived across the forest, in the castle. | 城堡里的王子和公主 |
[04:23] | See? | 看见吗? |
[04:25] | And they were in love. | 他们相爱着 |
[04:27] | And maybe they’d invite me over… | 因为我造的东西 |
[04:28] | because of the things that I made. | 他们可能会邀请我去做客 |
[04:32] | You need a handsome prince. That’s what you need. A prince. | 你需要一个帅气的王子 那是你需要的 一个王子 |
[04:37] | No, I don’t need a prince. | 不 我不需要王子 |
[04:39] | This is a special power. I don’t need a prince. | 这是超能力 我不需要王子 |
[04:45] | My daughter Terry is separated, and alone in her room… | 我的女儿泰瑞与丈夫分居 独自待在房间里 |
[04:49] | watching soap operas. | 看肥皂剧 |
[04:51] | You can imagine changing your life… | 克拉琳达 你可以去争取那块地 |
[04:52] | by fighting for the deed to the land, Clarinda. | 来改变你的生活 |
[04:56] | I have something for you. | 我有样东西给你 |
[04:59] | Oh, Danica… | 哦 丹妮卡 |
[05:01] | You’re so strong. | 你真坚强 |
[05:02] | I don’t think I could ever do something like this. | 我做不出这样的事 |
[05:09] | I always felt it was for me to encourage her. | 我一直觉得我该鼓励她 |
[05:13] | So I said… | 所以我说 |
[05:15] | You are goi ng to g row up and be a strong, smart young woman… | 你会长成一名坚强、睿智的聪明女子 |
[05:20] | go to school, meet a fine young man, have beautiful children of your own… | 去上学 遇到一个好男人 有自己漂亮的孩子们 |
[05:26] | and you’re gonna build wonderful things that you do in your room. | 创造出像你房间里那些 美好的东西来 |
[05:32] | Okay? | 好吗? |
[05:33] | What happened to this girl’s dreams? | 这个女孩的梦想如何了? |
[05:36] | Watch this. | 看看吧 |
[05:38] | Mother, I can’t find my lanyard for work. | 妈妈 我找不到工牌的挂绳了 |
[05:40] | They’re not gonna let me through airport security without it. | 没有它他们不会让我通过机场的安检 |
[05:42] | Joy, you can’t find your lanyard? Can I help you? | 乔伊 找不到你的挂绳了? 我能帮你吗? |
[05:45] | No, but I… | 不用 我… |
[05:46] | Honey, listen. | 亲爱的 听着 |
[05:47] | I know life hasn’t gone as we discussed many times, sweetheart. | 我知道生活并不像 我们多次谈过的那样 亲爱的 |
[05:51] | And you don’t exactly have your whole life ahead of you… | 而你的人生也不是刚刚开始 |
[05:54] | but you still have a good portion of it, anyway. | 但仍有很长的一段路 |
[05:58] | Hope springs eternal. | 面包总会有的 |
[06:01] | – Thanks, Mimi. – Sure. | –谢了 外婆 –不谢 |
[06:03] | Mother, look what I did find. | 妈妈 看我找到了什么 |
[06:07] | What is that? | 那是什么? |
[06:08] | How can you ask what this is? | 你怎么能不知道? |
[06:11] | The dog collar I invented in high school. | 我高中时发明的狗项圈 |
[06:14] | Remember Mitzy choked a couple of times? | 记不记得米茨被卡住几次? |
[06:16] | So I invented a dog collar with a quick release… | 所以我发明了一个可快速解开的狗项圈 |
[06:18] | so that a dog would never choke… | 这样狗永远也不会被卡住 |
[06:20] | and I covered it with reflective tape, plus it’s a flea collar. | 我还在上面贴了反光贴 而且它还是个防跳蚤项圈 |
[06:23] | I probably wouldn’t be late to this job I’m going to… | 如果你帮我申请了专利或请个律师 |
[06:26] | if you’d gotten me a patent or a lawyer. | 可能我就不用帮人打工了 |
[06:28] | Joy the doer, Joy the doer. You were always doing things, honey. | 实干家乔伊 你总是在造各种东西 亲爱的 |
[06:31] | How could I be expected to remember everything? | 我怎能每一样都记住呢? |
[06:33] | Now the Hartz company has the patent to that collar. | 现在哈茨公司拥有了这个专利权 |
[06:36] | I don’t know how to get a patent. | 我不知道怎么申请专利 |
[06:39] | What is that smell? | 那是什么味道? |
[06:41] | How did you get yogurt down here, Mother? | 这下面怎么会有酸奶 妈妈? |
[06:45] | I was wondering what that odor was. | 我也在想那是什么味道呢 |
[06:46] | It’s starting to mold for Pete’s sake. | 已经开始发霉了 |
[06:48] | Yes, I am, because I feel like I cannot have the life bled out of me this way. | 是的 因为我不能让生活就这样弃我而去 |
[06:53] | Joy, look who’s back. Look who’s back! | 乔伊 看谁回来了 看谁回来了! |
[06:56] | Yes, Bartholomew is back. | 没错 巴塞洛缪回来了 |
[06:58] | No, no. | 不 不 |
[06:59] | I thought Bartholomew was dead? | 我以为巴塞洛缪已经死了 |
[07:01] | And I’m a ghost. | 我是个鬼魂 |
[07:02] | He came back as a ghost with even greater powers. | 他化作力量更强的鬼魂回来了 |
[07:04] | Ghost, you go away! | 鬼魂 走开! |
[07:05] | My powers are even greater now. | 我现在力量更强了 |
[07:07] | I cannot handle this. How is this possible? | 我做不到 这怎么可能? |
[07:10] | Stay away from him. | 别靠近他 |
[07:11] | Clarinda, you don’t know what a ghost can do to you! | 克拉琳达 即使在坟墓里 |
[07:13] | Even from beyond the grave. | 你也不知道鬼魂能把你怎么样! |
[07:16] | Grandma’s gonna take you to the birthday party, okay? | 外婆会带你去参加生日会 好吧? |
[07:18] | Five minutes. | 只要五分钟 |
[07:20] | Hi. What are you doing here? | 嗨 你们来这干什么? |
[07:23] | I’m returning him to you. I don’t want him anymore. | 我来把他还给你 我不想要了 |
[07:25] | What? | 什么? |
[07:27] | He’s damaged. | 他精神不正常 |
[07:28] | He has no place else to go. | 他无处可去 |
[07:30] | He’s been living in my house for two years. | 他在我的房子里住了两年了 |
[07:32] | Dad, I’m so sorry. | 爸爸 我真抱歉 |
[07:34] | But you know, Tony’s living in the basement. | 但你知道 托尼住在地下室 |
[07:37] | Your ex-husband shouldn’t be living in your basement. | 你前夫不该住在你的地下室 |
[07:39] | That’s not the proper way to be divorced. | 离婚了还这样不合适 |
[07:41] | Okay. I don’t know where I’m gonna put you. | 好吧 我不知道该让你住哪里 |
[07:44] | Dad, don’t go in there. Mom’s in there. | 爸爸 别进去 妈妈在里面 |
[07:47] | You can have him back, Terry. I don’t want him anymore. | 你可以跟他在一起了 泰瑞 我不想了 |
[07:50] | What was so much better about being with Sharon, Rudy? | 跟莎伦在一起有什么好的 鲁迪? |
[07:52] | Dad, don’t answer that. | 爸爸 别回答 |
[07:53] | We went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. | 我们能一起去大都会艺术博物馆 |
[07:55] | – What did you like at the museum? – What did I like? I’ll tell you what I like. | –你喜欢博物馆什么? –我喜欢什么?我来告诉你 |
[07:58] | I like the ancient Roman statues. I like the medieval armor. | 我喜欢古老的罗马雕像、中世纪的盔甲 |
[08:02] | I like the Etruscan jewelry. | 伊特鲁里亚人的珠宝 |
[08:04] | – Museums are full of dust and death. – I like going to the café… | –博物馆里全是灰尘和死物 –我喜欢去那个咖啡馆 |
[08:06] | having an espresso, a nice panini, that’s what I like. | 喝杯浓咖啡 吃个好吃的意式热三明治 |
[08:09] | You had a panini in a coffin, Rudy. | 你在棺材里吃意式热三明治 鲁迪 |
[08:11] | – A dusty, boring coffin. Yuck. – Then why’d you ask me? | –一个布满灰尘、无趣的棺材 恶心 –那你还问? |
[08:14] | What are you, a crazy person? | 你是个疯子吗? |
[08:15] | It’s like having a conversation with an insane asylum person. | 我就像是在跟一个疯子讲话 |
[08:17] | What else, Captain Jack? What else was so great? | 还有什么 杰克船长? 还有什么好看的? |
[08:18] | Captain Jack, you’re calling me. Okay. | 你叫我杰克船长 好吧 |
[08:20] | Yes, you’re Captain Jack, the flying jackass. | 对 杰克船长 一个大坏蛋 |
[08:21] | Yeah, and you know what you are? You’re like a gas leak. | 是的 你知道你是谁吗? 你就像是泄漏的煤气 |
[08:23] | – We don’t smell you, we don’t see you… – I am not a gas leak! | –闻不到、看不到… –我不是泄漏的煤气 |
[08:25] | – But you’re killing us all silently. – You take that back… | –但能慢慢地把我们都杀了 –你把那话收回 |
[08:27] | and tell me what else you did with Sharon! | 告诉我你还跟莎伦做过什么! |
[08:28] | You creature from the Black Lagoon. | 你就是个妖怪 |
[08:30] | No! This conversation is over. | 住嘴!你们俩都别说了 |
[08:31] | – I’m leaving. Good luck. – Oh, my God. Here it goes. | –我要走了 祝你好运 –天 又这样 |
[08:33] | Watch out, Joy. He’s gonna snap! | 小心 乔伊 他要发飙了! |
[08:35] | Please. You want me to snap. That’s your whole routine. You… | 你想让我发飙 你的惯用伎俩 你… |
[08:37] | Guard the china! | 保护瓷器! |
[08:39] | – Hey, Terry, you like this? – Dad, no! | –嘿 泰瑞 你喜欢这个吗? –爸爸 不要! |
[08:41] | How’s this for snapping? | 这样发飙如何? |
[08:43] | – No! No. – How’s this? | –不要! –这样如何? |
[08:46] | This is snapping! | 这就是发飙! |
[08:47] | – Dad! Stop! – He’s disturbed, Joy! | –爸爸!住手! –他心理失常 乔伊! |
[08:49] | He’s a disturbed man! | 他是个心理失常的人! |
[08:51] | – I’m disturbed? – He’s a damaged man! | –我心理失常? –他是个神经病! |
[08:53] | You’re right, I am disturbed. | 你说的对 我心理失常 |
[08:55] | You’re the great disturber! | 是你让我心理失常的 |
[08:57] | I’m sorry, honey. | 对不起 亲爱的 |
[08:58] | I don’t like this. | 我不希望这样的 |
[08:59] | You’re not supposed to see this kind of thing. | 你不该看见这样的事 |
[09:01] | I’m very, very sorry. I apologize sincerely. | 我非常非常抱歉 我诚意道歉 |
[09:04] | It’s not gonna happen, okay? We have other… | 不会发生的 好吧?我们有另一个… |
[09:07] | I’m gonna clean all this up. | 我来收拾干净 |
[09:08] | Dad, no. Don’t clean it up. | 爸爸 不用收拾了 |
[09:10] | Dad, stop. Just don’t, okay? | 爸爸 住手 别收拾好吧? |
[09:13] | Stop. I’ll do it. I just want to get you out of this room. | 住手 我来收拾 你离开这间房间吧 |
[09:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[09:20] | Hi, guys. I’m sorry about all the yelling. | 嗨 伙计们 真对不起 |
[09:21] | Mimi’s gonna take you to the birthday party, okay? | 太婆会带你们去生日会 好吧? |
[09:24] | Hi, my sweethearts. | 嗨 宝贝们 |
[09:25] | – You broke things again. – He did break stuff. | –你又打烂东西了 –他是把东西打烂了 |
[09:27] | I did break some things, but Grandma was wrong. | 我是把东西打烂了 但外婆有错 |
[09:29] | So I was a little wrong, but she was really wrong. | 我做错了一点事 但她是大错 |
[09:32] | But Grandpa’s gonna come stay with us for a little while. | 外公会跟我们一起住一段时间 |
[09:34] | Yay! | 太好了! |
[09:35] | A sleepover with Grandpa! Yay! | 跟外公一起过夜!太好了! |
[09:38] | Sharon never separated the wash. The whites were always gray. | 莎伦永远不分开洗衣服 白色总是被染成灰色 |
[09:42] | But you have that magic touch, sweetheart, so could I give this to you, please? | 但你很会洗这个 宝贝 我能托你洗一下吗? |
[09:44] | Yeah, I’ll take care of it, yeah. Just get your bag. | 好 我来洗 去拿包吧 |
[09:46] | What about my ledgers and all that stuff? My accounting books? | 我那些账本怎么办?我的会计账本? |
[09:48] | I got them. I’ll get them to you later today. | 我来处理 今天我会拿给你 |
[09:49] | – I love you, Grandpa. – Love you. | –我爱你 外公 –我爱你 |
[09:51] | – I did your taxes, I did your W-2s. – Okay. Very important. | –我帮你报了税 还有税表 –好 那很重要 |
[10:08] | You suck! | 你唱得很难听! |
[10:10] | What is he doing here? | 他在这做什么? |
[10:11] | Sharon brought him back… | 莎伦把他带回来了 |
[10:13] | so he’s gonna stay with us until he finds a new love or a new place to live. | 在他找到新的爱人或者住的地方之前 他会跟我们住 |
[10:17] | You know how this goes. | 你知道是怎么回事 |
[10:29] | Dad, up. | 爸爸 起来 |
[10:32] | This is not the proper way to be divorced, the two of you. | 你们俩离了婚就不该如此 |
[10:34] | You’re gonna tell me how to be divorced? | 你要来告诉我离了婚该怎么样吗? |
[10:36] | I’m a provider, Tom Jones. I have my own business. | 我有所贡献 大歌星 我有自己的生意 |
[10:39] | I help Joy with the mortgage. What do you do? | 我帮乔伊付了房贷 你呢? |
[10:40] | You sing all night at Angela Starpoli’s club. | 你整晚在安吉拉斯塔波莉的俱乐部唱歌 |
[10:43] | You get repeatedly fired from Campbell’s Soup. | 你数次被金宝汤公司解雇 |
[10:45] | Okay, well I’m gonna divide the basement. | 好 我会把地下室分隔一下 |
[10:47] | I’m divorced. I can do whatever I want, Rudy. | 我已离婚 我想干什么都行 鲁迪 |
[10:49] | This is not the proper way to be divorced. | 离婚了还这样不合适 |
[10:51] | And I’m about to be late for work. | 我上班就快迟到了 |
[10:52] | So please try not to fight in front of the children, okay? | 请你们不要在孩子面前吵架 好吗? |
[10:55] | Especially not physically. | 尤其不要动手 |
[10:56] | Rudy, you see this? This microphone here? | 鲁迪 你看见这个了吗? 这个麦克风 |
[10:59] | You touch it, and I kill you. | 你碰它我就杀了你 |
[11:04] | Okay. I’m leaving. | 好 我要走了 |
[11:05] | Please try not to kill each other while I’m gone. | 我不在的时候请你们别要对方的命 |
[11:08] | You’ve gone mad. This is all your fault! | 你疯了 这都是你的错! |
[11:10] | Clarinda. Clarinda! Don’t. | 克拉琳达 克拉琳达!别这样 |
[11:12] | Clarinda, something terrible happened! Stay away from him! | 克拉琳达 发生了很糟糕的事! 离他远点! |
[11:19] | Oh, my God. I thought I fixed this thing. | 哦 我的天 我以为修好了呢 |
[11:21] | N ice job, Joy. N ice job. | 干得好 干得真好 |
[11:23] | Peggy? What are you doing here? | 佩吉?你在这干什么? |
[11:27] | What’s the matter with you? Sending Grandma Mimi with her arthritis… | 你怎么搞的?外婆有关节炎 |
[11:30] | to take them to their friend’s birthday? | 你还让她带他们去参加生日会? |
[11:32] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[11:33] | They have a much better time with me anyway, with Aunt Peggy. | 他们跟我 还有佩吉阿姨在一起会更开心 |
[11:37] | But I wasn’t stupid enough to get into a bad marriage and have a couple of kids. | 我可不会愚蠢到步入一段糟糕的婚姻 生几个孩子 |
[11:41] | Don’t bother your sister, Peggy. | 别烦你妹妹 佩吉 |
[11:42] | I’m gonna talk to Dad about business. All right? | 我去跟爸爸谈点生意 好吧? |
[11:45] | You gonna come bring the books by the garage later? | 你晚点会把账本带回车库吗? |
[11:46] | Yeah, I’m gonna bring them later. He’s in the basement. | 是的 我晚点带回来 他在地下室 |
[11:48] | I’m joking with you. | 我刚才是在开玩笑 |
[11:49] | Yeah. I know. | 对 我知道 |
[11:51] | Kids, we’re gonna do something fun later, okay? | 孩子们 我们晚点去玩 好吧? |
[11:53] | We’re doing something fun now. | 我们现在就在玩 |
[12:01] | Oh, we found your luggage but it’s in Cleveland. | 哦 我们在克利夫兰找到了你的行李 |
[12:04] | So now we just need to get it back to New York City. | 所以现在只需把它运回纽约 |
[12:06] | I’m filing a complaint. | 我要正式投诉 |
[12:08] | My husband needs his medication. | 我丈夫需要他的药 |
[12:10] | What’s your name? Joy? | 你叫什么名字?乔伊? |
[12:12] | You don’t seem joyous to me today. | 今天我看你不太高兴啊 |
[12:14] | Perhaps I am not so joyous today. | 可能我今天就是不太高兴 |
[12:16] | – Joy, I think you’re getting demoted. – Hi, how you doing? | –乔伊 你要被降职了 –嗨 你还好吗? |
[12:18] | Listen, I need you to speak to the supervisor. | 你要跟总监谈一下 |
[12:20] | We’re gonna be having some changes, and you’re gonna be going to the night hours. | 我们会做一些变动 你要上晚班 |
[12:23] | – Night hours? Tom, I can’t work night hours. – And we’re having cutbacks. | –晚班?汤姆 我不能上晚班 –我们要削减开支 |
[12:25] | – I’ve got two kids. – Joy, I’m sorry. | –我有两个孩子 –乔伊 对不起 |
[12:27] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[12:28] | Bye, Susan. | 再见 苏姗 |
[12:50] | I’m not paying for metal that I haven’t gotten. | 我没收到货不会付钱的 |
[12:52] | On top of me send… You know, he wants to get paid. | 另外我发了…他想要钱 |
[12:54] | He doesn’t send an invoice, and he hasn’t even sent the metal. | 他没发发票来 连货也没发来 |
[12:58] | But why doesn’t he just send the invoice? Send the invoice, I’ll pay him. | 他为何不把发票发过来? 把发票发过来 我就会付他钱 |
[13:01] | Yep. That’s it. Send the invoice. | 对 就这样 把发票发过来 |
[13:05] | Hi. Dad, I want to thank you again for helping with the mortgage. | 嗨 爸爸 我想再次谢谢你帮忙付房贷 |
[13:08] | Yeah. | 好 |
[13:09] | I settled the accounts, balanced the books. | 我对了帐 做了账本 |
[13:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[13:13] | I’m sorry business is so bad, Dad. | 我很抱歉生意那么差 爸爸 |
[13:15] | I don’t think that that crazy gun range is helping. | 旁边的练枪场影响很大 |
[13:18] | How is that still legal? | 那怎么还能合法? |
[13:19] | – What can I do? – After all these years? | –我能怎么办? –都这么多年了 |
[13:21] | They keep to themselves. | 他们在自己的地盘练 |
[13:23] | It’s their property. The police leave them alone. | 那是他们的地方 警察也管不了 |
[13:25] | Why? You think it’s costing us business? | 怎么?你觉得生意受它影响? |
[13:27] | I don’t think it’s helping. | 我觉得一定没好处 |
[13:29] | Well, if you wanna help, why don’t you come here and manage this place? | 如果你想帮忙 为何你不来这管理这个地方? |
[13:32] | You know, I’d like to go the next level. Put on a nice suit. | 我也想更上一层楼 穿上漂亮的套装 |
[13:35] | You know, go out there and get some accounts. | 出去找客户 |
[13:38] | Yeah, this is 9873. Just checking my mailbox. | 对 我是9873 想查查我的信箱 |
[13:43] | What is that? | 那是什么? |
[13:44] | Yeah, I have a pen. What is it? | 我有笔 请说 |
[13:45] | 13-14. That’s it? | 13–14 就这样? |
[13:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[13:49] | What was that? | 那是什么? |
[13:51] | It’s a 900 number. | 那是付费电话 |
[13:53] | What’s a 900 number? | 什么付费电话? |
[13:55] | It’s, you know, a dating service for widows and widowers. | 一个提供给寡妇和鳏夫的约会服务 |
[13:59] | Dating service? | 约会服务? |
[14:00] | You’re not a widow or a widower. | 你不是鳏夫啊? |
[14:01] | What’s the difference? I’m single. | 有什么区别?我是单身 |
[14:03] | I meet nice ladies. Maybe we fall in love. | 我能遇见好的女人 可能我们会爱上对方 |
[14:06] | I have to fall in love or I’m not interested. You know me. | 我要坠入爱河 否则不感兴趣 你知道的 |
[14:09] | I know, Dad. | 我知道 爸爸 |
[14:11] | Sharon was no good for him. It’s nice for him to meet somebody new. | 莎伦跟他不合适 认识新的人对他有好处 |
[14:14] | – I got him some new clothes, you know? – Okay. Okay. | –我给他买了些新衣服 –好吧 |
[14:16] | – Hello? Is this 7633? – It’s good., THEN JOY TO PEGGY | –你好?你是7633吗? –很好 高兴点吧 |
[14:17] | – Okay. I love you. See you later. – Yes? | –好 我爱你 迟点见 –是的 |
[14:20] | Bye. | 再见 |
[14:20] | Hi. This is 9833. | 嗨 我是9833 |
[14:23] | Hi! Hi, how are you? | 嗨!你好吗? |
[14:25] | What a nice voice you have. | 你的声音很好听 |
[14:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[14:28] | – Oh, an accent. – Yes. | –哦 你有口音 –是的 |
[14:30] | I am from Italy. | 我来自意大利 |
[14:32] | Oh! Continental. | 哦!欧洲 |
[14:34] | What is your name? | 你叫什么名字? |
[14:35] | My name is Rudy, what’s yours? | 我叫鲁迪 你呢? |
[14:37] | Trudy. | 特鲁迪 |
[14:38] | – Are you kidding me? – No. | –开玩笑吧? –不是 |
[14:40] | Your name is Trudy? | 你叫特鲁迪? |
[14:42] | Yes! | 是的! |
[14:43] | Rudy and Trudy. I love it. | 鲁迪和特鲁迪 我很喜欢 |
[14:44] | Let’s figure out when we’re gonna meet. | 我们商量一下什么时候见面吧 |
[14:47] | That’s a good idea. Let’s have dinner. | 好主意 我们一起吃晚饭吧 |
[14:49] | – I could come pick you up. – Yeah. | –我可以来接你 –好 |
[14:51] | I have a green Mercedes. | 我开一辆绿色的奔驰车 |
[14:52] | Okay, 6:30? I’ll be ready. | 好 6点半?我会准备好的 |
[14:55] | Ciao. | 再见 |
[14:57] | Good luck with your date, Dad. | 祝你约会顺利 爸爸 |
[14:58] | Thank you. I’m excited. | 谢谢 我很兴奋 |
[15:00] | What do you think you’re gonna wear? | 你要穿什么去? |
[15:03] | Polo by Ralph Lauren. | 拉夫劳伦马球牌衣服 |
[15:05] | Did you have to use the whole bottle of cologne? | 你非要喷整瓶古龙水吗? |
[15:07] | Tony! | 托尼! |
[15:08] | You smell like my grandmother. He smells like my grandmother. | 你闻起来像我外婆 他闻起来像我外婆 |
[15:10] | Hey, please. Don’t make me tense. | 嘿 拜托 别让我紧张 |
[15:12] | Don’t stress me out. I gotta stay nice and loose. | 别把我搞得那么紧张 我要保持放松的心情 |
[15:15] | – Now you’re tense? – I’m tense. You’re making me tense. | –现在你紧张了? –我紧张了 你搞得我紧张了 |
[15:17] | – Guys, stop. Please. – I’m making you tense? | –伙计们 求你们别吵了 –我让你紧张了? |
[15:19] | My carriage awaits. | 我的车在等着了 |
[15:21] | Have a great date. | 约会愉快 |
[15:22] | Wish me luck. | 祝我好运 |
[15:23] | You don’t need it. | 你不需要运气 |
[15:25] | Joy, water! | 乔伊 拿水来! |
[15:27] | Where are my cufflinks? | 我的袖扣呢? |
[15:28] | Mommy, come read to me! | 妈咪 来给我讲故事! |
[15:30] | Five minutes, Cristy. | 等五分钟 克里斯蒂 |
[15:31] | Mother, again? | 妈妈 又这样? |
[15:34] | Yeah, you just sit right there. Are you comfortable? | 对 你就坐那吧 舒服吗? |
[15:36] | How many times do I have to tell you not to clean your brushes out in the sink! | 我跟你说了多少次 不要在水池里洗梳子! |
[15:42] | Danica thinks it’s unladylike to toss things in the toilet. | 丹妮卡觉得把东西扔进马桶不是淑女作风 |
[15:44] | And I happen to agree. | 我也认同 |
[15:46] | Yeah? Well, why don’t you have Danica do your plumbing then? | 是吗?那让丹妮卡来修水管吧 |
[15:48] | Danica can direct her power anywhere Danica chooses. | 丹妮卡能选择在任何地方施展才华 |
[15:52] | That is the power of Danica. | 那就是丹妮卡的能力 |
[15:57] | Oh, my God. | 哦 我的天 |
[15:58] | If this problem gets any worse… | 如果这个问题继续恶化 |
[16:02] | we’re gonna have to move you into a different room. | 我们就要让你搬去另一间房间 |
[16:04] | That means no TV. | 也就是说不会再有电视 |
[16:06] | That could be very scary for you. | 对你来讲很可怕吧 |
[16:09] | Don’t let that happen, Joy. This is my comfort nest. | 别那么做 乔伊 这是我舒适的窝 |
[16:13] | We’re gonna need to get a plumber in here. | 我们要请水管工来看看 |
[16:15] | What? | 什么? |
[16:17] | There’s gonna… A man in my room? | 会有个男人来我的房间? |
[16:20] | Well, I don’t know any female plumbers other than me. | 除了我 我不认识其他女水管工了 |
[16:22] | Well, can’t you fix it, Joy? | 你修不了吗 乔伊? |
[16:24] | This has surpassed my capabilities. | 那超出我的能力范围了 |
[16:26] | Thanks, Joy. | 谢了 乔伊 |
[16:28] | “The cicada is a large flying insect two to three inches long. | “蝉是一种大型飞行类昆虫 五到八厘米长 |
[16:31] | “It makes a sound of up to 120 decibels, louder than some telephones. | “它能发出高达120分贝的声音 比一些电话铃声还响 |
[16:36] | “It lives half of its life above ground evading predators. | “它生命中的一半时间 都在躲避天敌 |
[16:40] | This is the book you wanted me to read to you, Cristy? | 你想让我给你念这本书吗 克里斯蒂? |
[16:41] | How did this book even get in the house? | 我们的房子里怎么会有这本书? |
[16:43] | Aunt Peggy got it for me. | 佩吉阿姨给我的 |
[16:45] | She said the reason I like cicadas is because they fill the air with sound… | 她说我之所以像蝉 是因为它们让空气中充斥着声音 |
[16:49] | which makes the house less lonelier for me. | 好让这个房子没那么孤单 |
[16:52] | Aunt Peggy tells you how you feel about the house being lonely? | 佩吉阿姨告诉你房子觉得孤单时 你是什么感觉? |
[16:56] | Aunt Peggy tells me a lot of things. | 佩吉阿姨告诉了我很多事 |
[16:57] | Keep reading, please. | 请继续念 |
[17:00] | I don’t want you listening to Aunt Peggy too much. | 我不想你听太多佩吉阿姨的话 |
[17:03] | Okay. Why? | 好 为什么? |
[17:06] | “The cicada, a symbol of rebirth in many countries… | “蝉在很多国家都代表了重生 |
[17:08] | “digs into the ground and stays buried for up to 17 years.” | “钻进地下生活可长达17年之久” |
[17:12] | That’s such a random number. Why 17 years? | 这么奇怪的数字 为何是17年? |
[17:16] | It doesn’t even say why. | 都没解释为何 |
[17:18] | I understand the four seasons in a year… | 我知道一年有四季 |
[17:21] | but why would something stay hidden for 17 years? | 但为何有东西要隐藏17年? |
[17:23] | That’s just unsettling. I’m not reading this. | 那太没道理了 我不念了 |
[17:26] | You’re sleepy anyway. We gotta go to bed. | 你也困了 我们去睡吧 |
[17:30] | I wanna sleep with Nana. | 我想跟外婆睡 |
[17:31] | No, you should sleep upstairs in your room. | 不行 你要在自己房间睡 |
[17:33] | I want Nana. | 我要外婆 |
[17:37] | All right. Well, watch out. There’s a hole here. | 好 小心 这里有个洞 |
[17:45] | Just going to lay down for a second. | 我就躺一下 |
[17:49] | I feel like I’m in a prison. | 我觉得我在监狱里 |
[17:51] | No, Bartholomew’s the ex-con in the story. | 不 巴塞洛缪是故事里的前牢犯 |
[17:54] | And Clarinda doesn’t even know about it. | 克拉琳达根本都不知道 |
[17:56] | But Danica’s onto him. | 但丹妮卡知道他的秘密 |
[17:59] | They all blame Clarinda but Danica’s gonna get to the bottom of it. | 他们都怪克拉琳达 但丹妮卡会来处理的 |
[18:01] | No. No. | 不 不 |
[18:03] | Yes. It was you Clarinda. | 对 就是你 克拉琳达 |
[18:05] | I will get to the bottom of this. | 会来处理的 |
[18:07] | You’ve made terrible mistakes. | 你犯了大错 |
[18:09] | It was Clarinda! | 是克拉琳达! |
[18:13] | Oh. | 哦 |
[18:14] | Look who’s here. | 看谁来了 |
[18:16] | Look who’s here. | 看谁来了 |
[18:39] | We are here today to remember what was lost… | 我们今天聚集在此怀念 |
[18:42] | seventeen years ago. | 17年前我们失去的 |
[18:45] | Do you remember? | 你记得吗? |
[18:49] | Peggy comes with me. | 佩吉跟我 |
[18:50] | Joy spends half the time with us. | 乔伊一半的时间跟我们过 |
[18:53] | We’ll take her paper forest. | 我们会带走她的纸森林 |
[18:55] | That’s Joy’s special thing, and it belongs in this house. | 那是乔伊的宝贝 该放在这座房子里 |
[18:57] | No, I… | 不 我… |
[19:10] | Joy. | 乔伊 |
[19:13] | Joy, wake up! | 乔伊 醒醒! |
[19:15] | Someone’s been ringing the doorbell. | 有人在按门铃 |
[19:31] | Jackie! | 杰基! |
[19:33] | Oh, thank God! It’s you. | 哦 谢天谢地!是你 |
[19:34] | What happened? I’m worried about you. I don’t see you any more. | 怎么了?我担心你 我好久见不到你了 |
[19:37] | You don’t come to the PTA. | 你没来参加家长会 |
[19:39] | You know how my mom’s always clogging the sink with her hair from the brushes? | 你记得我妈妈在水池洗梳子 头发总是把水管堵住吗? |
[19:44] | With the pipes in her room? | 她房间的水管? |
[19:45] | Yeah. She did it again. | 对 她又这么做了 |
[19:47] | Again? | 又一次? |
[19:48] | Yes, and I had to bash open a hole in the floor. | 是啊 我不得不在地板上凿开一个洞 |
[19:50] | There’s a huge hole in the floor of my mother’s room and I’m broke. | 我妈妈房间的地板上有一个大洞 我已经没钱了 |
[19:56] | My father works hard. He’s had some bad breaks. | 我爸爸工作得很努力 但他最近也诸事不顺 |
[20:02] | I hope he gets another girlfriend, and he’ll move out of the basement. | 我希望他能找个女朋友 那样他就能搬出地下室 |
[20:06] | He’s in the basement with Tony? | 他现在跟托尼一起住在地下室? |
[20:07] | Yes. And they hate each other. | 是的 他们互相憎恶 |
[20:11] | Yes. | 对 |
[20:13] | It’s a disaster. They won’t stop fighting. | 简直糟透了 他们不停地吵架 |
[20:17] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[20:19] | But how are you? How’s the family? How is everybody? | 你怎么样?家里人怎么样? 大家都怎么样? |
[20:22] | Everybody’s okay. | 大家都还好 |
[20:23] | How’s work? | 工作呢? |
[20:25] | My job, I could take it or leave it. | 我的工作可有可无 |
[20:28] | What happened to us, Jackie? | 我们怎么了 杰基? |
[20:31] | All the things that we used to dream about. | 我们曾经梦想过的事情 |
[20:33] | I feel like they just keep getting farther and farther away. | 我觉得那离我们越来越远 |
[20:36] | Remember the night of the party where everything started? | 记得最初的那场晚会吗? |
[20:40] | The band was playing. | 乐队在演奏 |
[20:42] | Everything was so exciting. | 一切都是那么令人兴奋 |
[20:45] | Joy, you came! | 乔伊 你来了! |
[20:47] | I’m so glad you came! This is my boyfriend, Andre. | 我好高兴你来了! 这是我男朋友 安德烈 |
[20:50] | – Hi, Andre. – Nice to meet you. | –嗨 安德烈 –很高兴见到你 |
[20:51] | Andre, this is my childhood friend, Joy. | 安德烈 这是我儿时的朋友乔伊 |
[20:53] | Come inside! | 进来啊! |
[20:56] | – Wow. – Check my music class, accountant girl. | –哇 –来看看我的乐队 会计女孩 |
[20:57] | This is a class? | 这是个乐队? |
[20:58] | Yes! | 是的! |
[20:59] | Don’t turn on the lights ’cause I don’t wanna see | 别打开灯 因为我不想看见 |
[21:02] | Mama told me not to come | 妈妈叫我别来 |
[21:05] | – They’re so good! – They are! The teacher’s band. | –他们真棒! –是啊!天才嘛 |
[21:07] | Mama told me not to come | 妈妈叫我别来 |
[21:10] | She said, “That ain ‘t the way to have fun, son” | 她说:“不是这样玩的 儿子” |
[21:15] | “That ain ‘t the way to have fun” | “不是这样玩的” |
[21:18] | Mama told me not to come | 妈妈叫我别来 |
[21:21] | Mama told me not to come | 妈妈叫我别来 |
[21:24] | – Who’s the bald guy? – That’s our music teacher. | –那个光头的家伙是谁? –我们的音乐老师 |
[21:27] | And he has all this… This is his house? | 他有所有这些…这是他的房子? |
[21:29] | – Yeah, this is his house. – Wow. | –对 这是他的房子 –哇 |
[21:31] | He’s from Venezuela. | 他来自委内瑞拉 |
[21:32] | – Who is that guy? – Yeah. | –那个家伙呢? –对 |
[21:35] | That’s the music teacher’s son. | 那是音乐老师的儿子 |
[21:38] | Oh, my gosh. | 哦 我的天 |
[21:41] | You’re dancing. Here you go. | 你在跳舞 很好 |
[21:49] | What am I doing now? | 我现在在做什么? |
[21:50] | – You’re dancing. – No. | –你在跳舞 –不 |
[21:51] | – Let me show you my father’s house. – What? | –让我带你参观一下我爸爸的房子 –什么? |
[21:53] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. | 来 来 |
[21:54] | I’m gonna be a singer. | 我会成为一名歌手 |
[21:56] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[21:57] | Yeah. I’m gonna be the next Tom Jones. | 是的 我要成为下一个汤姆琼斯 |
[22:00] | That’s a big ambition. There’s only one Tom Jones. | 野心好大 不过只有一个汤姆琼斯 |
[22:03] | I know, but you can’t let the practical get you down. | 我知道 但你不能被现实吓倒 |
[22:07] | You gotta keep going to what you love. | 你要不断地追逐你所爱的事 |
[22:10] | That’s true. | 没错 |
[22:12] | That’s what my father taught me. | 那是我爸爸教我的 |
[22:17] | What about you? | 你呢? |
[22:20] | I invented a dog collar that I want to get patented, but I don’t think it ever will. | 我发明了一个狗项圈 想要申请专利 但可能实现不了 |
[22:28] | I was valedictorian in high school. | 我在高中是最优等生 |
[22:33] | I got into a college in Boston… | 我考上了波士顿的大学 |
[22:36] | but I’m staying here because my parents are getting divorced… | 但我现在待在这里 因为我父母正在闹离婚 |
[22:39] | and I’m staying to help my mom. | 我会留下来帮我妈妈 |
[22:41] | And I help my dad with business stuff. Accountant. | 我帮我爸爸的生意做点会计的工作 |
[22:46] | Maybe your dreams are on hold right now. | 可能你的梦想只是暂停一下而已 |
[22:49] | No? | 不是吗? |
[22:51] | That’s a nice way of putting it. | 这么说真不错 |
[22:54] | This song is going to be in the town musical. | 一些愚蠢的事 |
[22:56] | We should sing it together. | 我们该一起来唱 |
[22:58] | I know I stand in line Until you think you have the time | 我知道我站在那 等着你有时间 |
[23:02] | To spend an evening with me | 来与我共度夜晚 |
[23:06] | That’s really nice. | 真不错 |
[23:07] | Okay, go. | 好 一起来 |
[23:09] | – No. – Okay. | –不 –好 |
[23:10] | And if we go someplace to dance | 如果我们去某处跳舞 |
[23:12] | I know that there’s a chance You won’t be leaving with me | 我知道会有一线机会 你不会离开我 |
[23:16] | He gave my girl a spring in her step, just when she needed it. | 他在我孙女最低落的时候 给她带来了一缕阳光 |
[23:18] | What are we doing? T ony. | 我们要做什么?托尼 |
[23:21] | He got her to do the musical, something she never would have done. | 他让她来演音乐剧 她以前从未演过 |
[23:35] | I know I stand in line Until you think you have the time | 我知道我站在那 等着你有时间 |
[23:39] | To spend an evening with me | 来与我共度夜晚 |
[23:44] | And if we go someplace to dance I know that there’s a chance | 如果我们去某处跳舞 我知道会有一线机会 |
[23:48] | You won’t be leaving with me | 你不会离开我 |
[23:53] | And afterwards we drop into a quiet little place And have a drink or two | 然后我们去一个安静的地方 喝上一两杯 |
[24:03] | And then I go and spoil it all By saying something stupid like “I love you” | 然后我会说些蠢话 比如“我爱你” |
[24:12] | I can see it in your eyes That you despise the same old lies | 我能从你的眼中看出 你讨厌这不变的古老的谎言 |
[24:16] | You heard the night before | 你昨晚才听过 |
[24:20] | You’re so smart, you’re so beautiful, I… I just… | 你那么聪明 那么漂亮 我只是… |
[24:25] | You could have married anybody. | 你可以嫁给任何人 |
[24:26] | You could have married a doctor, a lawyer, a nice man instead of this… | 你可以嫁给医生、律师 一个很好的男人 而不是这个… |
[24:29] | I don’t even know what to call this guy. | 我都不知道该怎么叫他 |
[24:30] | Are you seriously talking about this right now? | 你真的要现在来谈这事吗? |
[24:36] | It’s still not too late. | 为时未晚 |
[24:38] | Dad. | 爸爸 |
[24:40] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[24:44] | Think about it. | 考虑一下 |
[24:45] | Dad! | 爸爸! |
[25:06] | We are a loving family, a solid family. | 我们是友爱团结的一家 |
[25:09] | I’ve been married to my wife… | 我跟我太太结婚… |
[25:10] | Now I have a speech. | 现在我要发言 |
[25:11] | He wasn’t finished, Dad. | 他还没说完 爸爸 |
[25:13] | He’s finished now. | 现在他说完了 |
[25:15] | I had two failed marriages. | 我有两次失败的婚姻 |
[25:17] | The daughter from my first marriage, Peggy… | 我第一次婚姻的女儿 佩吉 |
[25:20] | has a lot of tension with the daughter from my second marriage, Joy. | 和我第二次婚姻的女儿乔伊感情很好 |
[25:25] | I was married to Joy’s mother for 18 miserable fucking years. | 我跟乔伊的妈妈度过了 极其糟糕的18年婚姻生活 |
[25:30] | Dad! That’s just mean! Sit down! | 爸爸!太刻薄了!坐下! |
[25:33] | But I got out of all that. | 但我走出来了 |
[25:34] | And I finally met the light of my life, Sharon. | 我最终遇见了我生命中的阳光 莎伦 |
[25:38] | – To you, baby. – Dad! | –敬你 宝贝 –爸爸! |
[25:39] | You’re my guy. | 你是我爱的人 |
[25:40] | I toast you. | 我敬你 |
[25:41] | Dad! Stop! | 爸爸!别这样! |
[25:43] | – Will you stop it? – Rudolph, please! Enough. | –你能不能不这样? –鲁道夫 拜托!够了 |
[25:45] | – Are you happy now? – Fairly happy, yes. | –你现在高兴了? –相当高兴 是的 |
[25:48] | Look what I found. | 看我找到了什么 |
[25:51] | The divorce glass. | 离婚酒杯 |
[25:52] | Salud. | 我敬大家 |
[25:53] | I give these kids 50-50 odds. | 我给这对新人一半的成功机会 |
[25:56] | Salud, everybody. Have a good time. | 敬大家 祝你们玩得开心 |
[26:00] | Tony, wake up! | 托尼 醒醒! |
[26:02] | Please! Cristy hasn’t eaten, Tommy needs to be changed. | 求你了!克里斯蒂还没吃饭 汤米要换尿布 |
[26:06] | Oh, Cristy. What are you doing? | 哦 克里斯蒂 你在干什么? |
[26:09] | – Get up. I just told your boss you’re going to work! – But what did you lie for? | –起来 我刚跟你老板说你会去上班! –你为何要撒谎? |
[26:11] | – Because you’re gonna lose another job! – No, honey, I’m sick! | –因为你又快要丢掉一份工作了! –不行 亲爱的 我病了! |
[26:13] | You’re not sick, you’re hungover! | 你没病 你是宿醉! |
[26:16] | That’s not who I am! I’m a singer, that’s what I do! | 那不是我!我是名歌手 那才是我要做的! |
[26:18] | You’re not making any money singing! | 你唱歌赚不了钱! |
[26:20] | Get in your car right now and go get your job! | 现在马上上车去上班! |
[26:22] | You’re trying to turn me into someone I’m not! | 你想把我变成另一个人! |
[26:24] | I can’t do this! I can’t do this, Tony! | 我受不了了! 我受不了了 托尼! |
[26:26] | I am losing my mind! | 我快要疯了! |
[26:34] | I don’t wanna end up like my family. | 我不想像我父母一样 |
[26:59] | Time moves forward. | 时光飞逝 |
[27:01] | Time moves backwards. | 时光倒流 |
[27:03] | Time stands still. | 时光静止 |
[27:17] | Do I live up to my profile or do I fall short? | 我跟我的简介一致还是不如我的简介? |
[27:19] | Are you kidding? You’re a banana flambé with extra rum. | 开玩笑吧?你太棒了 就像 加了朗姆酒的香蕉弗朗焙 |
[27:23] | You’re a trip to the moon on gossamer wings. | 你让我非常开心 就像光速飞到月球 |
[27:26] | Wow! You’re so poetic and romantic. | 哇!你好有诗意、好浪漫 |
[27:29] | It’s true! | 是真的! |
[27:30] | Just like my late Morris. | 正如我死去的丈夫莫里斯 |
[27:32] | Morris. Now, he was American and you’re Italian, and your name originated how? | 莫里斯 他是美国人 你是意大利人 你的原名是什么? |
[27:36] | My name. My Italian name is Geltrude. | 我的意大利名叫吉尔特鲁得 |
[27:39] | Geltrude. | 吉尔特鲁得 |
[27:39] | And then he called me “Trude,” and then became more American. “Trudy.” | 然后他叫我“特鲁得” 后来就更美国化 叫“特鲁迪”了 |
[27:44] | Trudy. | 特鲁迪 |
[27:44] | Why don’t you come with your entire family, on my late Morris’ boat? | 你带上所有家人来我前夫的船上玩吧? |
[27:50] | Bring the children, bring the grandchildren. | 带上孩子们、孙子们 |
[27:52] | Like a motorboat? | 摩托艇类的? |
[27:53] | No, no, it’s a sailboat. 55 feet. | 不 是艘近17米长的帆船 |
[27:55] | – Wow. That’s big. That is big. – Yeah. Yeah. | –哇 好大 –是的 |
[27:57] | Yeah, I would love to. | 好 我很乐意 |
[27:59] | We’d bring some nice food, something to drink, that would be great. | 我们会带些好吃的、好喝的 一定会很棒 |
[28:01] | Yeah, but not red wine, because it might stain the teakwood deck. | 好 但不要带红酒 否则会弄脏茶树木甲板 |
[28:06] | It’s very precious. | 很珍贵的 |
[28:07] | Okay, understood. No red wine. | 好 明白 不要带红酒 |
[28:09] | I got the red wine! | 我带了红酒! |
[28:11] | No, no, no, I’m sorry, you can’t have red wine on the boat. | 不 对不起 你不能带红酒上船 |
[28:13] | No red wine, Tony. No red wine. | 不能带红酒 托尼 |
[28:15] | Why? It’s a beautiful wine! | 为何?是很好的红酒! |
[28:17] | What’s Tom Jones doing here anyway? Who invited him? | 为何大歌星会来这?谁邀请他的? |
[28:19] | He’s here to help me with the kids. | 他来帮我看孩子 |
[28:21] | I brought Peggy to help. | 我带了佩吉来帮忙 |
[28:23] | Peggy says mean things about me to my children, so… | 佩吉对我的孩子说我的坏话 所以… |
[28:25] | I say nice things about you, too. | 我也说了你的好话 |
[28:26] | It’s a beautiful wine. | 这是很好的酒 |
[28:27] | You have an accent, too! | 你也有口音! |
[28:28] | Yes. | 是的 |
[28:29] | Where are you from, paesano? | 你来自哪里 朋友? |
[28:31] | Paesano? Don’t encourage him, please. | 朋友?请别鼓励他 |
[28:33] | I’m from Venezuela, darling. | 我来自委内瑞拉 亲爱的 |
[28:35] | Do you know this song? | 你知道这首歌吗? |
[28:50] | I can see why she still loves him! | 我能看出她为何还爱着他! |
[28:53] | Come on. Come on board. | 来 上船来 |
[28:54] | – This is gonna be a disaster. – Dad. | –一场灾难将至 –爸爸 |
[28:58] | Cheers! | 干杯! |
[29:00] | I dressed for boating but I didn’t realize how cold it was gonna be. | 我穿了乘船的衣服 但没料到有那么冷 |
[29:03] | My late husband Morris, I met him in Milano for a trade show for his swimwear line. | 我在米兰遇见我的前夫莫里斯 他为他的泳装产品来参加展会 |
[29:08] | He used to say, “Sailing in the winter… | 他以前总说:“在冬天扬帆 |
[29:11] | “is the best comparison to life in the world of commerce.” | “正如在生意场的生活” |
[29:31] | Oh, no! | 哦 不! |
[29:32] | Morris’ teakwood deck! | 莫里斯的茶树木甲板! |
[29:35] | Yeah. Grand adventure. Great. | 对 干得真不错 真棒 |
[29:37] | Nice work, Tom Jones. | 干得好 大歌星 |
[29:39] | Trudy, I know that it’s upsetting, but wouldn’t Morris say, “What a grand adventure?” | 特鲁迪 我知道那真不幸 可能莫里斯会说:“多棒的冒险啊!” |
[29:44] | Yeah, you’re right. No big deal. He’s probably laughing up in heaven. | 对 你说得对 不是大事 他可能正在天堂大笑呢 |
[29:47] | We should have used paper cups. | 我们该用纸杯的 |
[29:50] | No, but it’s not the same thing. | 不 那感觉就不一样了 |
[29:51] | You need a nice glass for a beautiful wine, you know? | 你要用好杯子喝好酒 |
[29:59] | Oh, boy. | 哦 天啊 |
[30:00] | Look. It’s a piece of glass right in her hand. | 看 她手上有一片玻璃碎 |
[30:06] | Are you all right, honey? | 你没事吧 亲爱的? |
[30:09] | Yeah, she’s thinking of something, Tony. | 嗯 她在想事情呢 托尼 |
[30:11] | One loop. One continuous thing. | 一个圈 一个连续的东西 |
[30:14] | She’s talking to herself. It’s strange. | 她在自言自语 好奇怪 |
[30:17] | Honey, you should go to bed. | 亲爱的 你该上床睡觉了 |
[30:20] | If it was all one continuous loop. Yeah. | 如果是一个连续的圈 对 |
[30:26] | Hi, I’m Touissant. | 嗨 我是图森 |
[30:27] | Touissant? Who’s this guy? | 图森?这是谁? |
[30:30] | It’s not for me. Is it for you? | 不是找我的 找你的吗? |
[30:31] | No, it’s not for me, man. | 不 不是找我的 |
[30:32] | The plumber. | 水管工 |
[30:34] | What’s he here for? | 他来做什么? |
[30:35] | What do you think? Terry. | 你觉得呢?泰瑞的事 |
[30:37] | Terry. Oh, Terry. | 泰瑞的事 哦 泰瑞 |
[30:39] | Oh, no, wait. What’s going on? What is this man doing in my room? | 哦 不 怎么回事? 这个男人在我房间做什么? |
[30:42] | This is… | 这是… |
[30:44] | – Touissant. – Touissant. | –图森 –图森 |
[30:46] | Terry, Touissant. | 泰瑞 这是图森 |
[30:48] | Well, I mean, I’ve taped my show… | 我把节目录下来了 |
[30:51] | and then, well, exactly how long is this going to take? | 这要弄多久? |
[30:55] | Well, it shouldn’t take more than a day. | 应该不超过一天 |
[30:57] | What accent is that, Joy? | 那是哪种口音 乔伊? |
[31:00] | What country is that from? | 是哪个国家的口音? |
[31:01] | – Haiti. – Haiti. | –海地 –海地 |
[31:03] | Haiti? | 海地? |
[31:04] | It’s French and Creole. | 那里讲法语和克里奥尔语 |
[31:07] | French and Creole. | 法语和克里奥尔语 |
[31:08] | Well, is there any way… Could you please put a curtain up here… | 有没有方法… 你能在这挂一个帘子 |
[31:11] | so that I can come and go in my room and watch my show while he’s still working? | 这样在他干活的时候 我就能进出我的房间和看电视了? |
[31:14] | Of course. I have a stapler. | 当然 我有个钉墙机 |
[31:16] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你 先生 |
[31:18] | You’re welcome, mademoiselle. | 不用谢 小姐 |
[31:19] | Mademoiselle? | 小姐? |
[31:23] | Good luck in here and good luck with the… that. | 祝你好运 跟她 还有水管 |
[31:27] | Why don’t you go to bed? | 你去睡觉吧 |
[31:29] | Keep going up the stairs. Go to bed. | 继续上楼梯 去睡觉 |
[31:32] | I don’t want to go to sleep. I don’t want to have that horrible dream. | 我不想睡觉 我不想做那个噩梦 |
[31:35] | Come on! You can’t have the same dream twice. It never happens. | 别这样!你不可能做同一个梦 从来不会 |
[31:38] | – It’s impossible. – That’s not true. | –不可能的 –不对 |
[31:41] | I had the Peggy dream so many times when I was younger… | 我小时候做了多次佩吉戴面具 |
[31:43] | with the masks and the robe. | 穿长袍的梦 |
[31:44] | It doesn’t make sense. No, no. | 这不合理 不 |
[31:46] | You can’t have the same dream twice. Maybe it’s the… | 你不会做同一个梦 可能是… |
[31:49] | Rudy, she’s thinking about something. | 鲁迪 她在思考些东西 |
[31:50] | Maybe it’s a good dream, and she’s working something out. | 可能是个好梦 她在思考问题 |
[31:53] | I don’t wanna work anything out. I just want a nice, dumb sleep. | 我不想思考任何问题 我只想睡个好觉 |
[31:56] | Let’s knock her out. Give her a children’s cough medicine. | 我们想办法让她睡 给她喝点儿童止咳糖浆 |
[31:59] | – That’s what does it. – Is that safe? | –会有作用 –安全吗? |
[32:00] | No. It’s not safe. | 不 不安全 |
[32:02] | It’s expired. | 过期了 |
[32:04] | Go on, there. Knock it back, honey. | 给你 喝下去 亲爱的 |
[32:06] | – No. – Okay, one more. Knock it down. Come on. | –不要 –好 再来一杯 来啊 |
[32:09] | – Rudy! – Do it, Tony. | –鲁迪! –照做 托尼 |
[32:10] | – I don’t know. – Just do it. One more. | –我不确定 –倒吧 再来一杯 |
[32:12] | Okay, one more. | 好 再来一杯 |
[32:13] | Enough with this! That’s it. I’m gonna make her a hot toddy. | 够了!就这样 我去给她弄杯香甜热酒 |
[32:16] | That’s what she needs. | 那个才是她需要的 |
[32:17] | You’re gonna intoxicate her. | 你会把她灌醉的 |
[32:18] | It’s all natural, it’s all herbal. Nothing strong. | 全是天然的草药 没有效用强的成分 |
[32:21] | I was kidnapped by another monk, who was from Switzerland. | 我被另一个来自瑞士的修道士绑架 |
[32:29] | And it turned out that this monk was a duke of a royal family. | 这个修道士原是皇家的公爵 |
[32:37] | I shouldn’t say “was,” because he still is. | 我不该说“原是” 他仍旧是 |
[32:41] | Leave me alone. | 别管我 |
[32:43] | I don’t thi nk we should let her sleep on the stairs. | 我们不该让她睡在楼梯上 |
[32:46] | Let’s just put it here in the couch, okay? | 我们把她放在沙发上吧? |
[33:01] | Seventeen years. | 17年 |
[33:03] | Think about it. We’ve been hiding… | 好好想想 我们一直隐藏了 |
[33:06] | for seventeen years. | 17年 |
[33:10] | Seventeen years. | 17年 |
[33:13] | We used to make things. Seventeen years ago. | 17年前我们常造东西 |
[33:17] | Then, that all stopped. What happened? | 然后全停止了 怎么了? |
[33:21] | When you’re hiding, you’re safe… | 当你藏起来时 你很安全 |
[33:24] | because people can’t see you. | 因为人们看不见你 |
[33:27] | But, funny thing about hiding… | 但藏起来的问题是 |
[33:31] | you’re even hidden from yourself. | 你在逃避自己 |
[33:46] | Baby, what’s the matter? | 宝贝 怎么了? |
[33:49] | Tony, you need to move out of the basement. | 托尼 你要从地下室搬出去 |
[33:51] | You need to get your own house. | 你要自己出去住 |
[33:53] | What? Why? | 什么?为什么? |
[33:55] | Because I go out at night and sing at Angela’s club? | 因为我晚上去安吉拉的俱乐部唱歌? |
[33:58] | – Is that it? – No. | –是因为这吗? –不是 |
[33:59] | Because we’ve been divorced for two years. | 因为我们已经离婚两年了 |
[34:02] | We need to move on. | 我们要向前看 |
[34:03] | You need to move out. | 你要搬出去 |
[34:06] | Rudy, you need to move out, too. | 鲁迪 你也要搬出去 |
[34:07] | What? | 什么? |
[34:08] | There’s more room in the basement for me now. | 现在地下室有更多的空间了 |
[34:11] | And another thing, Rudy. | 还有另一件事 鲁迪 |
[34:12] | Tomorrow, I would like to have a meeting with you and Trudy at your office… | 明天我想跟你和特鲁迪 在你的办公室开个会 |
[34:15] | to discuss her investing in the manufacturing of my new idea. | 和她谈谈投资生产我的一个新想法 |
[34:19] | No. | 不行 |
[34:20] | I’m still getting to know her and falling in love. | 我还在了解她 想要爱上她 |
[34:22] | I can’t do that. I won’t do that. | 我不能那么做 我不会那么做 |
[34:24] | And what manufacturing idea? What are you talking about? | 制造什么?你在说什么? |
[34:28] | I have always been there for you, no matter what. | 我一直都在你身旁 无论发生什么事 |
[34:32] | I didn’t go away to school. | 我没有为了上大学离开 |
[34:33] | I stayed to help you and Mom through the divorce and do your accounting. | 我留下来帮你和妈妈办离婚 做你的会计 |
[34:37] | I let you live here whenever you want… | 我让你随时来这里住 |
[34:39] | no matter what it is. | 无论什么原因 |
[34:42] | I am respectfully asking for the favor that you owe me. | 我向你郑重提出还我人情 |
[34:48] | If you look into your heart, you’ll know that I’m right. | 你扪心自问一下 你知道我是对的 |
[34:55] | Cristy, I need to use your crayons, your colored pencils and your paper. | 克里斯蒂 我要用你的彩色蜡笔 彩色铅笔和纸 |
[35:01] | Let’s go to my room. | 来我的房间吧 |
[35:38] | You’re not gonna believe this. | 你不会相信的 |
[35:40] | So, you know that plumber that you recommended? | 你记得你推荐的那个水管工吧? |
[35:42] | Yeah, Touissant. | 记得 图森 |
[35:43] | So I hire him, Terry freaks out, completely disoriented. | 我雇了他 泰瑞吓死了 完全不知该怎么办 |
[35:47] | Hasn’t had a man in her room for eight years, since Rudy. | 鲁迪之后 八年了 都没有男人进过她的房间 |
[35:50] | Makes me hang a drop cloth. | 让我挂了个帘子 |
[35:52] | The way I look at it… | 我觉得 |
[35:53] | is that this is an opportunity for you to invest in a new business… | 这是你投资新领域的机会 |
[35:58] | …that’ll mean more money for you. | 意味着你会赚更多的钱 |
[36:01] | Tell Rico, Dad. Number five’s gotta go off. | 爸爸 告诉里科 把五号机器关掉 |
[36:03] | Rico, number five, no, off. | 里科 五号机器 关掉 |
[36:06] | Go off! Thank you! | 关掉!谢谢你! |
[36:09] | It’s a standard handle, 53 inches. | 一个标准的把手 135厘米 |
[36:12] | The sleeve connects to the mop head. | 套管和拖把头连接 |
[36:14] | Now, this is where it gets complicated. | 这里就有点复杂了 |
[36:17] | There’s a clip that connects the sleeve to the… | 有一个夹子连接套管和… |
[36:20] | I don’t even know what to call it. The “cup.” | 我都不知道该怎么叫 那个“杯子” |
[36:23] | Which is connected to the mop head. | 那里连接着拖把头 |
[36:25] | So, when you pull up on the sleeve, the mop head stretches… | 当你把套管拉起 拖把头就会被拉紧 |
[36:29] | so you can wring it without ever touching it with your hands. | 不用手触碰就能把它拧干 |
[36:32] | The only thing we see is this crayon drawings. | 我们只看见了蜡笔画的草图 |
[36:35] | We can’t make heads or tails. | 我们想象不出来 |
[36:37] | We don’t know what it is. | 我们不知道那是什么 |
[36:39] | So, the mop doesn’t hang loose, like hair? Like a string? | 那拖把不会像头发一样散着吗? 像绳子一样? |
[36:42] | It hangs, but not on loose, open ends like hair. | 会挂住 但不会散 不像头发 |
[36:44] | It’s one continuous loop. | 是一个连续的圈 |
[36:46] | – I don’t get it. – I don’t get it. | –我不明白 –我不明白 |
[36:47] | – I don’t get it. What’s he doing here? – What’s he doing here? | –我不明白 他来做什么? –他来做什么? |
[36:50] | He is the father of our children, and my friend, and he looks out for me. | 他是我孩子的父亲 我的朋友 他来支持我 |
[37:01] | We’re doing an invention. | 我们在创造发明 |
[37:03] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[37:05] | Right. | 好 |
[37:08] | Yes we are, Cristy. | 确实是 克里斯蒂 |
[37:11] | It’s very serious. | 很认真的 |
[37:13] | It’s priority. | 重中之重 |
[37:15] | Yes it is. | 是的 |
[37:16] | And I’m helping. | 我在帮忙 |
[37:17] | Yes you are. | 是的 |
[37:29] | ?a se fait comme ?a in Haiti. | 在海地就是这样做的 |
[37:31] | Touissant is teaching me how to speak French. | 图森在教我说法语 |
[37:34] | And the word for “industrious” is… | “勤恳”是这么说的… |
[37:38] | Yes. | 对 |
[37:39] | At first I thought maybe something scary would happen… | 一开始我觉得会发生可怕的事 |
[37:41] | like what happened with Danica while she was kidnapped by a man… | 正如在丹妮卡身上发生的事 她被一个人绑架 |
[37:45] | who turned out to be in hiding from the royal family in Switzerland… | 其实那个人是个藏在瑞士的皇家贵族 |
[37:48] | and then she moved to Switzerland. | 然后她就搬去了瑞士 |
[37:50] | Of course, she befriended that man and more. | 当然 她跟那个人不仅仅是朋友关系 |
[37:53] | Don’t ever try and limit me, Joy. | 别想限制我 乔伊 |
[37:55] | And let me know if you want some of this Chakalaka. | 如果你想吃混合辣蔬菜就告诉我 |
[37:57] | Chaka. Say “chaka.” | 说辣蔬菜就行 |
[37:58] | Chaka. | 辣蔬菜 |
[37:59] | It’s very good. | 很好吃的 |
[38:08] | Hey, Rocky. Hey, Tom! | 嘿 洛奇 嘿 汤姆! |
[38:11] | Take her inside the office. | 带她到办公室去 |
[38:14] | – Hey, Tino. – Hey, Joy. | –嘿 提诺 –嘿 乔伊 |
[38:16] | I wanted to show you something. | 我想给你看样东西 |
[38:18] | So, will you help me figure this out? | 你能帮我造这个吗? |
[38:20] | I know that it has to be welded. This part is supposed to twist. | 我知道它需要焊接 这个部分要能转起来 |
[38:49] | 1、2、3 1… 2… 3… | |
[38:54] | 4、5、6… 4, 5, 6… | |
[38:57] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[39:04] | 38、39、40 38, 39, 40. | |
[39:08] | All right. All right, Dad, come over here and grab this. | 好了 爸爸 过来抓住这里 |
[39:11] | Grab it right in the middle. | 抓住中间 |
[39:17] | Okay. There. | 好 这样 |
[39:18] | And go up, Jackie go down. You see it? | 举起来 杰基往下 你明白了? |
[39:21] | Not yet. | 还没 |
[39:22] | All right. Here. | 好 这样 |
[39:25] | – How about now? – No. | –现在呢? –没有 |
[39:27] | Well you’re going to. | 你会明白的 |
[39:28] | I don’t see it yet, I mean… | 我还未明白 我是说… |
[39:35] | – You ready? – Yeah. | –你们准备好了? –好了 |
[39:44] | 300 feet of continuous cotton loops. | 91米的全棉线 |
[39:47] | That’s what I drew. | 我画的就是这个 |
[39:50] | This is why I would like to ask you for your investment, Trudy. | 这就是为什么 我要你投资这个产品 特鲁迪 |
[39:55] | Morris worked 50 years to earn his fortune, Joy. | 乔伊 莫里斯辛苦工作50年才赚到这些钱 |
[40:00] | Before he passed on to the next world, he made me promise on his deathbed… | 他过世前让我在他床前发誓 |
[40:05] | that I would never be neglectful with one dollar of the money… | 我不会轻易浪费他辛苦挣到的 |
[40:09] | that he so carefully earned. | 每一块钱 |
[40:11] | Therefore you have to answer Morris’s four questions of financial worthiness. | 所以你必须回答莫里斯的 四个跟理财有关的问题 |
[40:17] | Are you ready? | 你准备好了吗? |
[40:19] | I think so. Yes. | 我想我准备好了 |
[40:22] | Question number one: | 第一个问题 |
[40:25] | Where did you go to high school? | 你在哪里上的高中? |
[40:27] | Plainfield Public High. | 普兰菲尔德公立高中 |
[40:29] | Question number two: Who were you in high school? | 第二个问题 你高中念得怎样? |
[40:34] | I was valedictorian. | 我是最优等生 |
[40:36] | The smartest student in the school. | 学校里最聪明的学生 |
[40:39] | That’s good, right? | 那很好 是吧? |
[40:41] | Perhaps. | 也许 |
[40:43] | Joy might be a brilliant, unrealized creator of commerce. | 乔伊也许是一个聪明的 还未崛起的商人 |
[40:49] | But on the other hand… | 但另一方面 |
[40:50] | it’s equally possible that she is a fatally flawed underachiever… | 同样可能的是 她会是一个致命的失败者 |
[40:54] | doomed to a lifetime of failure, disappointment, unfulfilled expectations. | 注定要失败、令人失望 以及不能实现期望 |
[41:00] | You must admit, Joy… | 乔伊 你必须承认 |
[41:02] | that your life, to date, makes a stronger case for… | 你迄今为止的生活 |
[41:06] | …disappointment. | 很令人失望 |
[41:10] | I don’t care about any of this. | 我不在乎这些 |
[41:11] | It’s not only risky, but it’s fiscally irresponsible… | 这不但冒险 而且在财务上不负责 |
[41:14] | and doesn’t make any sense, whatsoever. | 并且毫无道理 |
[41:17] | Joy’s never run a business in her life. | 乔伊这辈子都没做过生意 |
[41:18] | I’ve been running my father’s garage for the last 10 years. | 我过去十年都在打理我爸的修车厂 |
[41:21] | Our father. | 我们的爸爸 |
[41:24] | I have ventures that I’m planning to launch here… | 我想要为这个现成的生意 |
[41:26] | at this existing business. | 找合作投资 |
[41:29] | You never mentioned any of this… | 在我来找特鲁迪投资前 |
[41:31] | until I came to Trudy to ask for an investment. | 你对这些提都没提过 |
[41:34] | What’s Morris’s third question? | 莫里斯的第三个问题是? |
[41:37] | Are you prepared… | 你是否准备好 |
[41:38] | within six months of commencing this venture… | 在投资的六个月内 |
[41:42] | to show adequate returns? | 产出足够的回报? |
[41:44] | I accept your terms. | 我接受你的条件 |
[41:46] | Don’t do it, Joy. | 别这样做 乔伊 |
[41:48] | What’s the fourth question? | 第四个问题呢? |
[41:50] | You are in a room, and there is a gun on the table. | 你在一个房间里 桌上有一把枪 |
[41:54] | And the only other person in the room is an adversary in commerce. | 而房间里的另一个人是你的商业对手 |
[41:59] | Only one of you can prevail. | 你们二人中只有一人能活下来 |
[42:02] | Yet, you have protected your business and Morris’s money. | 不过 你已经保住了 你的生意和莫里斯的钱 |
[42:09] | Do you pick up the gun, Joy? | 乔伊 你会拿起枪吗? |
[42:13] | That’s a very strange question. | 这是个很诡异的问题 |
[42:15] | There is nothing strange about this question at all. | 这个问题一点也不诡异 |
[42:19] | This is money. | 这是关乎钱 |
[42:23] | Do you pick up the gun? | 你会拿起枪吗? |
[42:27] | I pick up the gun. | 我会拿起枪 |
[42:29] | Good. | 很好 |
[42:31] | I’m going to remember that you said that… | 当我跟我的律师谈话时 |
[42:34] | when I speak to my lawyer. | 我会记得你说过这话 |
[42:38] | What did Trudy’s lawyer say? | 特鲁迪的律师说了什么? |
[42:40] | He did a worldwide patent search. | 他查遍了全球的专利 |
[42:42] | What’s a patent? | 什么是专利? |
[42:45] | A patent is like a law that you get to protect your idea. | 专利就像是保护你的想法的法律 |
[42:49] | A lot of people patent their ideas… | 很多人为他们的想法申请专利 |
[42:51] | but only a few of them actually get their ideas made. | 但只有少数人能实现它们 |
[42:54] | So Trudy just wanted to be careful… | 所以特鲁迪只是想要谨慎行事 |
[42:56] | Joy… | 乔伊 |
[42:58] | I just wanted to let you know that Touissant has almost finished his work. | 我只想让你知道 图森就要完成他的工作了 |
[43:02] | And, um… | 还有… |
[43:05] | You know, we really need to find some more work for him. | 我们真的要给他多找些活干 |
[43:07] | – You want more work in the house? – Yeah. | –你想为这房子做更多活? –对 |
[43:10] | I have another big job I have to go to. | 我得去做另外一个大项目 |
[43:12] | – What? – Yes. | –什么? –是的 |
[43:14] | – Well, but we have real issues here. – Sorry. | –但我们这里确实有问题 –抱歉 |
[43:16] | – We don’t have money for that work, Mom. – Well… | –妈 我们没钱请他 –嗯… |
[43:19] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[43:21] | Joy… | 乔伊… |
[43:23] | What is happening to you, Mother? | 妈 你怎么了? |
[43:25] | I don’t know what’s going on. | 我不知道 |
[43:27] | Are you in love with Touissant? | 你爱上图森了? |
[43:30] | I was feeling alone. | 我感觉很孤独 |
[43:33] | And I didn’t even realize it, you know? | 并且我都没有意识到 |
[43:37] | And then… | 然后… |
[43:43] | What did the patent search find? | 专利搜索的结果呢? |
[43:47] | Trudy just wanted to be careful. | 特鲁迪只是想谨慎行事 |
[43:49] | And this guy found a man that’s in Texas… | 这个人找到一个德州的人 |
[43:52] | who worked for another guy in another country… | 他为一个外国人工作 |
[43:55] | where they have an idea that might be similar to my mop. | 他们有个想法 可能跟我的拖把类似 |
[44:00] | What country? | 哪个国家? |
[44:01] | Hong Kong. | 香港 |
[44:02] | The Hong Kong man has a representative in Dallas, Texas. | 那个香港人在德州达拉斯有代理人 |
[44:06] | The Dallas man was very reasonable with my lawyer. | 他在德州的代理人跟我的律师很讲理 |
[44:11] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[44:19] | So, this guy in T exas… | 这个德州人… |
[44:22] | We’re supposed to pay him a royalty on the patent as a protection, right? | 我们应该向他支付专利保护费 对吧? |
[44:26] | Right. | 对 |
[44:27] | T o be safe from any claims. | 以防被要求索赔 |
[44:28] | Is that correct? | 对吧? |
[44:29] | Please stop using the word “we.” | 请别再使用“我们”这个字眼 |
[44:32] | None of this is your money or your business. | 这都不是你的钱 也跟你无关 |
[44:34] | But the same guy also owns a manufacturing plant… | 但这个人同时拥有一家制造工厂 |
[44:38] | that you guys say that it’s cheaper than any other place? | 你们说他的要价最便宜? |
[44:41] | – Yes. In California. – Yes. | –是的 在加州 –对 |
[44:43] | A metal and plastic injection mold factory. | 一个金属和塑料注塑模具厂 |
[44:45] | Okay, so it’s the same guy. | 好的 所以是同一个人 |
[44:47] | – He owns the patent… – This happens all the time in business. | –他拥有这项专利… –做生意经常都是这样 |
[44:48] | You find the best partner. It’s smart. | 你找到了最好的合伙人 那很明智 |
[44:51] | He doesn’t understand business. He doesn’t know business. | 他不懂生意 |
[44:53] | – No, no, I’m the first to say that. – I understand business. | –对 我是不懂 –我懂生意 |
[44:56] | Dad and I, we buy parts for the trucks all the time at the garage. | 爸爸和我总是为修车厂买配件 |
[44:59] | Morris did it all the time. | 莫里斯总是那样做的 |
[45:01] | One-stop shopping. It’s the cheapest. | 一站式采购 那是最便宜的 |
[45:03] | – But is that normal? – That’s how he made his money. | –但那正常吗? –他就是那样赚钱的 |
[45:05] | – Yeah, that’s normal. – Yes! | –对 正常 –对! |
[45:06] | But is it normal, the same guy who has the patent… | 那个拥有专利的人和拥有工厂的 |
[45:08] | is the same guy who has the manufacturing? | 是同一个人 这正常吗? |
[45:10] | – Yeah. Make it best. – Yeah. | –再好不过了 –对 |
[45:11] | – Yeah? – Better if it’s that way. | –是吗? –那样最好 |
[45:13] | Okay, and the lawyer? Right? Morris’s lawyer? | 好 那律师呢?莫里斯的律师? |
[45:15] | – He’s good. Let’s not make trouble. – He’s very good. | –他很好 别找事 –他好得很 |
[45:17] | But he specialized in garment business, no? Not manufacturing business. | 但他的专长是服装业 对吧? 而不是制造业 |
[45:21] | Tony. Let’s quit while we’re ahead. | 托尼 见好就收吧 |
[45:27] | I know that you want Tony to be your counselor, if you will… | 我知道你想让托尼当顾问 |
[45:31] | and I will respect that… | 我尊重那一点 |
[45:34] | as Tony and you should respect what we’re proposing… | 在这场商业活动中 托尼和你也应该 |
[45:38] | as the lawyer for this whole business endeavor. | 尊重我们推荐的律师 |
[45:46] | All right. The parts have arrived from California… | 好了 配件已经从加州送来 |
[45:49] | and we can start manufacturing here. | 我们能在这里开始生产 |
[45:52] | I have the first assembled mop. | 我装好了第一把拖把 |
[45:55] | I told you it was gonna be more refined. | 我说过它会改良 |
[45:58] | And it is. | 的确改良了 |
[46:01] | Father Martinez is here. | 马丁内斯神父来了 |
[46:02] | You need to set those women up right now and get going. | 你得让那些女士们干起活来 |
[46:05] | They’re gonna be so grateful for the jobs, Joy. | 她们会为这工作而感激你的 乔伊 |
[46:06] | Okay. All right. I’ll go talk to those ladies. | 好 我去跟她们谈 |
[46:08] | Now I finally have jobs for them. | 现在我终于有工作给她们做了 |
[46:42] | And I’ll show you guys how to assemble… | 我组装给你们看… |
[47:07] | I’m a little proud of you. I gotta admit it. | 我得承认我有些为你自豪了 |
[47:11] | But, it costs much more than $15,000 to make the first run. | 但第一批货的成本就要高一万五千美金 |
[47:16] | I know, Trudy. | 我知道 特鲁迪 |
[47:17] | But with all due respect, that actually wasn’t my fault. | 无意冒犯 但那不是我的错 |
[47:20] | Look at this. More bills. | 看看 又有账单来了 |
[47:24] | – What? – Another bill from Gerhardt. | –什么? –杰哈德发来的另一张账单 |
[47:26] | This guy keeps billing me for his mistakes. | 这家伙一直为他的过失向我收钱 |
[47:29] | – That’s business. – No. | –这是做生意 –不 |
[47:31] | That’s not the way I do business. | 我不是这样做生意的 |
[47:33] | I’m calling this guy. | 我要给他打电话 |
[47:40] | Gerhardt, I’m not gonna keep paying for these parts… | 杰哈德 我不会为这些配件一再付钱 |
[47:42] | that it’s taking you four times to get right. | 你做了四次才做对 |
[47:44] | That was your design. You have to pay for those parts. | 那是你的设计 你得为那些配件付钱 |
[47:47] | That’s mold-making. That’s the process. | 模具生产就是这样的 |
[47:50] | My clients pay when we figure it out. | 我们做出东西来 我的客户都会付钱 |
[47:52] | It was not my desig n, Gerhardt. | 那不是我的设计 杰哈德 |
[47:54] | It was your mistake. I’m not paying it. | 是你的错误 我不会付钱 |
[47:57] | That was your design. You have to pay. | 那是你的设计 你得付钱 |
[47:59] | Did you just hang up on him? | 你刚挂掉了他的电话? |
[48:01] | This guy was supposed to be easy and inexpensive. | 这家伙本该很好合作 而且成本低廉的 |
[48:05] | He keeps overbilling us. I’m not paying for it. | 结果他不停地向我们多要钱 我不会付 |
[48:09] | Nobody pay it. | 谁也不许付 |
[48:11] | I’m gonna fight it out with this guy. | 我要跟这个家伙斗争到底 |
[48:13] | Just assemble them and try to sell them. | 把它们装好 卖出去 |
[48:17] | Just put it in your window. Let your customers decide. | 把它放进你的橱窗 让你的顾客决定 |
[48:19] | My family’s been going to you my whole life. | 我全家都一直照顾你的生意 |
[48:21] | Look, the big companies, they pay me for my shelf space. | 听着 大公司花钱买我的货架位 |
[48:24] | Maybe you can sell one of your mops to those big companies. | 也许你能把你的拖把卖给大公司 |
[48:27] | And maybe they’ll put it on my shelf. | 也许他们会把它摆上我的货架 |
[48:31] | It’s expensive, at $19.95, but it’s the only mop you’ll ever have to buy. | 19块95是挺贵 但你以后再也不用买第二个拖把 |
[48:35] | But I don’t want people to buy one mop for $20… | 但我不想让人们花20块钱 只买一个拖把 |
[48:39] | and never have to buy another mop again. | 之后再也不用买拖把 |
[48:41] | I’d rather they keep buying our mops at $5, 50 times, 100 times. | 我宁愿让他们不断买我们的五块钱拖把 50次、100次 |
[48:47] | Look, you were broke and bored. You had an idea. | 听着 你没钱又无事可做 你有个点子 |
[48:52] | So what? Lots of people have ideas. | 那又怎样?很多人都有点子 |
[48:54] | Go home. Please, take care of your family. | 回家吧 拜托 照顾好你的家人 |
[48:58] | Hi. Would you like to try a new mop? | 嗨 你想试试新拖把吗? |
[49:00] | It’s the only mop you’ll ever have to buy. | 凯马特 |
[49:04] | – Hi. Would you like to try a new mop? – No. | –嗨 你想试试新拖把吗? –不了 |
[49:07] | It’s self-wringing. | 它能自己拧干 |
[49:08] | You can remove the mop head, throw it in the washing machine. | 你可以把拖把头拆下 扔进洗衣机里洗 |
[49:10] | – No germs. – No. | –没有细菌 –不了 |
[49:12] | No. | 不了 |
[49:13] | – No? – Look at that. | –不了? –看看 |
[49:15] | You want to just try it? You could just try. | 你想试试吗?试试就好 |
[49:17] | It can self-wring. See? No other mop does this. | 它能自己拧干 看到了吗? 没有别的拖把能做到 |
[49:41] | Come and try the brand-new mop! | 来试试全新的拖把吧! |
[49:45] | – It’s the mop of the future. – No, thanks. | –这是未来的拖把 –不用 谢了 |
[49:48] | Want to try this mop, ladies? | 女士们 想要试试这拖把吗? |
[49:49] | – What’s this? – Hey, miss. | –这是什么? –小姐你好 |
[49:51] | It’s a brand-new mop. | 这是全新的拖把 |
[49:53] | You could wring it without getting your hands dirty. | 不用弄脏手就能拧干它 |
[49:55] | I don’t think so. | 不可能 |
[49:56] | Come on. Try it. It’s the mop of the future. | 来试试吧 这是未来的拖把 |
[50:01] | Self-wringing, huh? | 自己拧干是吧? |
[50:02] | Yeah. | 对 |
[50:03] | All right. I do like the idea of that. | 好吧 我的确喜欢这个点子 |
[50:06] | I hate having to touch the mop head after I get done cleaning the bathroom floor. | 我讨厌在拖完浴室地板后 用手去碰拖把头 |
[50:10] | I always think that’s disgusting, you know? | 我总觉得那很恶心 |
[50:11] | It’s so gross. | 恶心死了 |
[50:12] | Wow. It really does get all the corners that my sponge mop won’t get. | 哇 真的能拖到 我的泡沫拖把拖不到的边角 |
[50:16] | All those crannies where my kids spill their juice. | 所有这些被我孩子溅得满是果汁的角落 |
[50:20] | I really like it. Can we buy it? | 我真的很喜欢 我们买一个吧? |
[50:23] | Take it easy, Cristy. | 别着急 克里斯蒂 |
[50:24] | Wow. I mean, that’s just amazing. You really don’t have to touch it. | 哇 太棒了 你的手不用碰到 |
[50:28] | Look at that. | 看看 |
[50:29] | You know what would make this perfect… | 你知道怎样让它变完美吗? |
[50:30] | if you could remove the mop head, put it in the washing machine… | 如果拖把头能拆下来 放到洗衣机里去洗 |
[50:33] | – Really get it clean. – That’d be great. | –洗得很干净 –那就太好了 |
[50:35] | – You can. – What? | –可以的 –什么? |
[50:36] | Are you serious? | 你说真的吗? |
[50:37] | – Well how much is this mop? – It’s $19.95. | –这拖把多少钱? –19块95 |
[50:40] | No, that’s too much. | 不 太贵了 |
[50:41] | But I guess, I mean, if it is the only mop that you ever have to buy… | 但我是说 如果你这一辈子只需要买一个拖把 |
[50:44] | I mean we keep buying those $5 mops. | 我是说我们得不断地 买那些五块钱一个的拖把 |
[50:45] | – Hi, Daddy. – Hi, sweetie. | –嗨 爸爸 –嗨 宝贝 |
[50:46] | You, you remember Angela? And her two brothers, right? | 你记得安吉拉吧? 还有她的两个哥哥? |
[50:51] | I do. Hello. | 我记得 你们好 |
[50:53] | – Mommy, the policeman. – Ma’am? | –妈妈 有警察 –女士? |
[50:55] | Did we break the law? | 我们犯法了吗? |
[50:56] | – I’m taking this merchandise. – No, no. We’re leaving. We’re leaving. | –我要没收你的商品 –不 我们要走了 |
[50:59] | – Now, I’m gonna let you off with a warning. – We were just leaving. | –我这次只是警告你 –我们就要离开了 |
[51:01] | No. Sir… | 不 警官 |
[51:02] | If the customers can just see what the mop can do… | 如果顾客们看到这拖把的威力… |
[51:04] | But if I catch you out here again, you will be prosecuted! | 如果我再在这里看见你 你会被起诉的! |
[51:06] | Well, where do I go? Sir, please! | 我该去哪里?警官 拜托! |
[51:07] | – You cannot sell on Kmart property! – I made those mops myself. | –你不能在凯马特的地盘卖东西! –那些拖把是我自己做的 |
[51:09] | – I paid for them. Please. – It took a lot of work. | –我付了钱的 求你们了 –很辛苦才做好的 |
[51:11] | I won’t come back, but you don’t have to take my stuff! | 我不会再回来了 但你们没必要拿走我的东西! |
[51:13] | Please! | 求你们了! |
[51:14] | – Are you even allowed to do this? – How embarrassing for you… | –你这样做合法吗? –你跟你女儿一起 |
[51:17] | to be seen here like this with your daughter. | 这个样子多丢脸啊 |
[51:18] | – What kind of parent are you, huh? – Yeah, Tony. | –你是什么样的父母啊? –是啊 托尼 |
[51:20] | – Enough. – Hey. | –够了 –嘿 |
[51:22] | Hey, hey, guys. Guys… | 嘿 伙计们… |
[51:23] | – All right. – Come on. | –没事了 –走 |
[51:24] | – Let’s go. – Tony, let’s go. | –我们走 –托尼 我们走 |
[51:25] | Yeah, I’m coming. I’m coming. | 我来了 我来了 |
[51:38] | Cristy, honey, it’s okay. Your mommy’s okay. | 克里斯蒂 宝贝 没事 你妈妈没事 |
[51:44] | This stupid thing. This place is falling apart! | 这蠢东西 这地方快散架了! |
[51:47] | No… No. | 不 不 |
[51:51] | Honey, the telephone isn’t working. | 宝贝 电话用不了 |
[51:53] | I know. I just got the notice. | 我知道 我刚接到通知 |
[51:55] | I had to go next door to use the phone. Tommy’s got a fever. | 我得去邻居家借用电话 汤米发烧了 |
[51:58] | Tommy has a fever? | 汤米发烧了? |
[51:59] | Simple cold with a cough. It’s going around. All the kids have it. | 只是感冒、咳嗽 是传染的 所有小孩都得病了 |
[52:02] | Thank God the heat’s still working. | 谢天谢地 还有暖气 |
[52:04] | Mommy, why isn’t the phone working? | 妈咪 电话怎么用不了? |
[52:06] | Because I’m late on paying the bill. | 因为我欠费了 |
[52:09] | – Are we gonna lose our house? – Not you too. | –我们会失去房子吗? –你不要也这样 |
[52:11] | No, we’re not gonna lose our house. | 不 我们不会失去我们的房子 |
[52:13] | Come on. Get upstairs. Get in the bath. | 来 上楼 去洗澡 |
[52:15] | Listen to your mom and get right in that tub. | 听妈妈的话 进浴缸里去 |
[52:16] | – I don’t want a hot bath. – I don’t care. | –我不想洗澡 –我不管 |
[52:18] | Cristy, you get in that hot bath. Listen to your mother. | 克里斯蒂 进浴缸里去 听妈妈的话 |
[52:20] | I don’t want you getting sick too. | 我不想你也生病 |
[52:23] | Lauren Wells said you’re a cleaning lady and sell used mops. | 劳伦威尔斯说你是卖旧拖把的清洁女工 |
[52:28] | Lauren Wells said that? | 劳拉威尔斯说的? |
[52:31] | Yeah. And it really hurt my feelings. | 是的 那让我很伤心 |
[52:34] | First of all, even if I was a cleaning lady, so what? | 首先 即使我是清洁女工 那又怎样? |
[52:38] | There’s no shame in hard work. | 做体力活并不丢人 |
[52:41] | And second of all, you know, I’m… | 其次 我… |
[52:44] | I’m trying to sell a new mop, not used mops. | 只是想要卖新拖把 不是旧拖把 |
[52:49] | And third of all, don’t take any guff from anybody. | 第三 别因为别人的瞎话伤心 |
[52:54] | You know, don’t let it in. | 别让那影响到你 |
[52:58] | I know it’s hard. And I’m sorry that happened. | 我知道这很难 我很抱歉这事发生了 |
[53:03] | Now get in the bath. | 进浴缸里去 |
[53:12] | Come on. Go to sleep, honey. | 快睡觉 宝贝 |
[53:28] | Joy? | 乔伊? |
[53:30] | Not now, Mimi. | 现在不说了 外婆 |
[53:31] | Joy, wait, wait. Just tell me what happened today. | 乔伊 等等 跟我说今天发生了什么事 |
[53:34] | I want to know how it went. Please, I want to know. | 我想知道事情的经过 求你了 我想知道 |
[53:39] | It was a disaster. | 很糟糕 |
[53:41] | But you must never give up. | 但你一定不能放弃 |
[53:43] | Ever since you were little, you were born to bear… | 你从小就是天生的… |
[53:44] | Born to bear what, Mimi? | 天生的什么 外婆? |
[53:48] | Failure? Disgrace? | 失败者?蒙羞者? |
[53:51] | Humiliation in front of my daughter? | 在我女儿面前被羞辱的人? |
[53:54] | You were born to be the unanxious presence in the room. | 在这个家里 你天生就从容大度 |
[53:58] | And I know that I’m gonna live to see you grow… | 我知道我会活到看到你 |
[54:01] | to be the successful matriarch that you were born to be. | 成为一个天生的好家长 |
[54:05] | Matriarch… | 女性家长… |
[54:07] | T o be a mother with courage. | 成为有勇气的母亲 |
[54:09] | Who can’t even support her children. | 连自己的孩子都养不活 |
[54:11] | Sweetheart. | 宝贝 |
[54:16] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里干什么? |
[54:18] | I have this idea. | 我有个主意 |
[54:20] | – A guy I know. – What guy? | –我认识一个人 –什么人? |
[54:21] | He used to work with me. And now he works at this big retailer. | 他以前跟我共事过 现在他为一个大零售商做事 |
[54:27] | A new way of doing business. | 新型的生意 |
[54:29] | I mean, it’s worth a try. | 我是说 值得一试 |
[54:32] | You would do that for me? | 你会帮我吗? |
[54:34] | Of course. | 当然 |
[54:36] | They were the best divorced couple in America. | 他们是美国模范离婚夫妇 |
[54:39] | Much better friends than they were husband and wife. | 相处得比他们还是夫妻时更好 |
[54:43] | I can get you a meeting with him. | 我能帮你安排跟他见面 |
[54:47] | Where is it? | 在哪里? |
[54:52] | But I don’t understand what we’re doing in Amish country. | 但我不明白我们在阿米什区干什么 |
[54:54] | They don’t even have electricity out here. How could they sell anything on TV? | 他们连电都没有 他们怎能在电视上销售? |
[54:57] | It has nothing to do with Amish people. | 这跟亚米什人无关 |
[54:59] | It just happens to be located here. I looked it up. | 只是碰巧在这里 我查过了 |
[55:02] | In Amish country. | 在亚米什区 |
[55:03] | Amish. | 是阿米什 |
[55:04] | What? | 什么? |
[55:05] | – Amish. – Amish. | –阿米什 –阿米什 |
[55:19] | Sign in, please. | 请签名 |
[55:22] | We’re here to see Marv Brickman. | 我们是来见马弗布里克曼先生的 |
[55:26] | Okay. | 好的 |
[55:27] | Marv Brickman, does he know who you are if I call his office? | 马弗布里克曼 如果我打给 他的办公室 他会知道你是谁吗? |
[55:31] | Of course he knows. | 他当然知道 |
[55:32] | We’re friends. We used to work together. | 我们是朋友 我们以前在一起共事 |
[55:36] | QVC, please hold. | QVC电视购物网 请稍等 |
[55:49] | But Tom was wrong about that. He was wrong about the numbers… | 但汤姆的数据都错了… |
[55:56] | Tony. | 托尼 |
[55:57] | Marv. How are you? | 马弗 你好吗? |
[55:58] | I can’t see you today. | 我今天不能跟你谈 |
[56:00] | Why? | 为什么? |
[56:01] | Maybe tomorrow if you can stay in town. | 如果你能住在城里 或许明天吧 |
[56:03] | No, we left the kids at home. We can’t. | 不行 我们还有孩子在家 |
[56:06] | We can’t stay until tomorrow. | 我们待不到明天 |
[56:08] | Listen, you can’t just expect to come in here and see someone. | 你不能就这样来就希望能见到谁吧 |
[56:11] | Hey, did you take care of that advertising thing? | 嘿 你弄好那个广告事宜了吗? |
[56:12] | – Yes, I did. – Good. All right. | –是的 –很好 |
[56:14] | What’s going on here? | 怎么了? |
[56:16] | – This is my good friend, Tony. – Tony Miranda. | –这是我的好朋友 托尼 –托尼马兰纳 |
[56:17] | We worked together at Campbell’s. | 我们一起在金宝汤公司工作过 |
[56:19] | Neil Walker. | 尼尔沃克 |
[56:20] | – And this is his ex-wife. – Good to meet you. | –这是他的前妻 –很高兴见到你 |
[56:22] | – Joy. – Hi. Neil. | –乔伊 –嗨 尼尔 |
[56:23] | She’s an inventor. | 她是个发明家 |
[56:24] | She wanted two minutes of your time today, but, Neil, don’t worry about this. | 她今天想跟你谈两分钟 尼尔 要不算了 |
[56:28] | – Maybe tomorrow. – You know what? | –要不明天吧 –这样吧 |
[56:29] | Why don’t you come in for five minutes while the sales group’s still here. | 要不趁销售团队还在 进来五分钟吧 |
[56:32] | – Okay. Hold my bag. – Neil, are you sure? | –好 帮我拿着包 –尼尔 你肯定? |
[56:33] | – Yeah. – Yeah, absolutely. | –是的 –好 当然了 |
[56:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[56:36] | – Got everything? – Yeah. | –都拿好了? –是的 |
[56:37] | Great. Thank you, man. | 太棒了 谢谢你 伙计 |
[56:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[56:49] | So tell us your name, please. | 请告诉我们你的名字 |
[56:54] | I’m Joy. | 我叫乔伊 |
[56:58] | And what would you like to show us today? | 今天你想给我们展示什么? |
[57:00] | I have a self-wringing mop. | 我发明了一个自己拧干拖把 |
[57:04] | Just… | 这… |
[57:05] | Do you need some help? | 要帮忙吗? |
[57:06] | No. No, no. | 不用 |
[57:07] | All right. | 好了 |
[57:10] | That’s my shoe. | 水泼我鞋上了 |
[57:11] | Oh, my goodness. I am so sorry, sir. | 哦 天啊 真对不起 先生 |
[57:15] | Sock’s wet. | 袜子都湿了 |
[57:17] | Do you mind? | 你介意吗? |
[57:19] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[57:24] | Is that plastic? | 那是塑料吗? |
[57:26] | Yes. | 是的 |
[57:27] | Arnold, why don’t you give it a try? Is that okay? | 阿诺德 要不你来试试吧 可以吗? |
[57:29] | Yes, of course. | 当然 |
[57:30] | Just dunk it. | 把它浸下去 |
[57:32] | – I dip it? – Yes. | –我沾一下? –是的 |
[57:34] | And then I… twist it? | 然后扭一下? |
[57:36] | But you pull… You have to pull it first. | 你要先拉一下 |
[57:38] | – Pull it and twist it. – You got to pull it first before you twist it. | –先拉再扭 –你扭之前要先拉 |
[57:39] | – I’m pulling it and… – Pull and twist. | –我在拉然后… –先拉再扭 |
[57:40] | And I am twisting it. | 再扭 |
[57:42] | Pull and twist, just like when you’re on the road. | 先拉再扭 就像做爱一样 |
[57:46] | We don’t mean to be disrespectful, Joy. It’s the end of a long day for us. | 我们不是有意冒犯你 乔伊 这是我们忙了一整天了 快下班了 |
[57:51] | I feel like I want to tell you a little bit about who I am. | 我觉得我该来介绍一下自己 |
[57:54] | Because I have a feeling you don’t know exactly where you are right now. | 因为我觉得你不知道你现在在哪里 |
[57:58] | Am I right? | 我说得对吗? |
[58:01] | T en months ago… | 十个月前 |
[58:02] | a man named Barry Diller called me from Los Angeles. | 一个叫巴里迪勒的人从洛杉矶给我打电话 |
[58:06] | He started a television network. Fox television channel. | 他开办了一个电视网络 福斯电视频道 |
[58:11] | And prior to that, he ran 20th Century Fox, among other studios. | 之前他还运营着20世纪福斯电影公司 |
[58:16] | And he acquired a little cable channel… | 他收购了宾州兰开斯特 |
[58:19] | right here in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. | 一家小型有线电视频道 |
[58:21] | And he hired me to run it… | 他雇了我来经营 |
[58:24] | as a bigger idea. | 这个全新的理念 |
[58:28] | Now, I’m from Detroit, Michigan. | 我来自密歇根州的底特律 |
[58:32] | I ran America’s largest, most affordable… | 我曾经营美国最大、最实惠 |
[58:36] | successful, value-driven retailer. | 最成功、最在乎性价比的零售连锁企业 |
[58:39] | Chain called Kmart. | 这个连锁企业叫做凯马特 |
[58:42] | Prior to that, I was a buyer for Kmart. | 之前我负责为凯马特采购 |
[58:45] | And prior to that, I managed seven separate Kmart stores. | 再之前 我负责七间不同的凯马特商店 |
[58:50] | I decide what products we let into our stores here… | 我决定在我们的商店里销售哪些产品 |
[58:53] | into people’s homes, 24 hours a day, for our valued customers. | 让它们进入千家万户 全天候为我们尊贵的客人服务 |
[59:00] | I choose very carefully and very conservatively. | 我会很小心、谨慎地选择 |
[59:05] | I spend most of my day deflecting incoming shots from people like yourself. | 我一天的大部分时间都是 在婉拒像你这样的提案 |
[59:12] | You see that chart? | 你看见那个图表了吗? |
[59:19] | This green line either rises or stays the same each month. | 这条绿线每个月或平或升 |
[59:24] | There’s no problem with my product choice. | 我选的产品都不会出问题 |
[59:28] | Do you know what QVC stands for, Joy? | 你知道QVC代表什么吗 乔伊? |
[59:33] | No, I don’t. | 不知道 |
[59:35] | Quality, Value, Convenience. | 质量、价值、便利 |
[59:40] | I sell product affordably, but I don’t sell cheap product. | 我卖人们可以支付的产品 但我不卖质量差的产品 |
[59:43] | And your mop is plastic and it looks strange. | 你的拖把是塑料做的 而且看起来很奇怪 |
[59:48] | I don’t know anything about charts. | 说实话 我不懂什么图表 |
[59:51] | Or… | 或是 |
[59:54] | …business, frankly. | 生意经 |
[59:56] | But I do clean my own home. | 但我会在家打扫卫生 |
[59:59] | And I made this mop… | 我发明这个拖把 |
[1:00:01] | because it is better than anything else out there. | 是因为它比市面上的任何拖把都好 |
[1:00:08] | Please give me a chance. | 请给我一个机会 |
[1:00:12] | I like that it’s plastic… | 我喜欢用塑料来造 |
[1:00:13] | because it’s so light in my hands, it’s like nothing. | 因为手拿着很轻 就像没拿东西 |
[1:00:17] | It’s also ten times more absorbent than any other mop on the market. | 而且比市面上任何一个拖把的吸水性都好 |
[1:00:20] | Why? | 为什么? |
[1:00:22] | Because of 300 feet of continuous cotton loop that I looped myself. | 因为用的是我自己缠的 91米连续的全棉线 |
[1:00:27] | That is an enormous amount of absorbent cotton… | 对于一个小小的拖把头来讲 |
[1:00:30] | on a very small mop head. | 那是数量极多的吸水棉 |
[1:00:32] | Now I’m done with the bathroom, and I haven’t wrung the mop once. | 现在我已经拖完洗手间了 我都没拧过一次拖把 |
[1:00:35] | Let me ask you a question. | 我来问你个问题 |
[1:00:38] | Would you take this mop… | 你会用这个拖把 |
[1:00:39] | where you were just cleaning the bathroom… | 这个拖过洗手间 |
[1:00:41] | and around the toilet, and all of those germs… | 马桶旁、满是细菌的拖把 |
[1:00:43] | and take it into the kitchen… | 去拖厨房吗? |
[1:00:45] | where your family eats, where you feed your children? | 你的家人会在那里吃饭 你会在那里喂孩子 |
[1:00:49] | I take this mop head, I put it in the washing machine… | 我把拖把头放进洗衣机去洗 |
[1:00:52] | it comes out clean like new. | 出来后就像新的一样 |
[1:00:55] | You can’t do that with any other mop. | 其他的拖把就做不到 |
[1:00:59] | – So… – Stop. | –所以… –好了 |
[1:01:04] | Can you make 50,000 of these mops by next week? | 下周你能生产出五万把这样的拖把吗? |
[1:01:10] | Yeah, I think so. | 我想可以 |
[1:01:14] | David Selznick, the son of immigrants… | 大卫塞尔兹尼克 移民后裔 |
[1:01:16] | married Jennifer Jones from Oklahoma, America’s sweetheart. | 娶了俄克拉荷马州的詹妮弗琼斯 一位美国甜心 |
[1:01:20] | That just goes to show you that in America… | 这显现出 在美国 |
[1:01:22] | the ordinary meets the extraordinary every single day. | 门不当户不对的结合是很常见的事 |
[1:01:26] | Thomas. Where are you going with that? | 托马斯 你想说什么? |
[1:01:28] | The skinny pants you wanted. | 你想要的那条紧身裤 |
[1:01:30] | I never said “skinny pants.” I said, “stovepipe.” Classic look. | 我从没说过“紧身裤” 我说的是“大礼帽” 经典装束 |
[1:01:33] | I heard “skinny pants” | 我听成“紧身裤”了 |
[1:01:34] | You know how much I love the stovepipe. | 你知道我有多爱大礼帽 |
[1:01:36] | – Stovepipe. Classic. Got it. – Got it. | –大礼帽 经典 明白了 –明白了 |
[1:01:38] | – Fine, we’ll go for stovepipe. – Thank you. | –好吧 我们用大礼帽 –谢谢 |
[1:01:42] | See those guys? I told them so many times and they still don’t understand. | 看到这些人了吗?我跟他们说了很多次了 他们还是不明白 |
[1:01:46] | A very smart guy once said… | 一位智者曾经说过 |
[1:01:48] | “You tell somebody something once, they don’t listen. You tell somebody four times, they don’t listen. | “一件事情你跟别人讲一遍 他们不会听 讲四遍 他们还是不听 |
[1:01:51] | “By the ninth time you say it, they begin to hear you.” | “讲到第九遍的时候 他们才会听” |
[1:01:54] | That’s why we’re on 24 hours a day. | 这就是我们要工作24小时的原因 |
[1:01:56] | That’s why, with the people who I have to tell about the stovepipe. | 这就是我得跟这帮人说大礼帽的原因 |
[1:02:00] | Music in the makeup rooms? | 化妆间放音乐? |
[1:02:02] | Yeah, I thought it’d give a sense of place, Todd. | 对 我觉得这样有气氛 托德 |
[1:02:03] | But if you don’t want it, you can always turn it down. | 但如果你不想的话 随时可以关掉 |
[1:02:06] | You’re our biggest seller, Todd. | 你是我们最棒的销售员 托德 |
[1:02:07] | Whatever you need to make you comfortable. You’re who we care about. | 只要你觉得舒服就好 我们就在乎你 |
[1:02:09] | You’re our number-one seller. | 你是我们最棒的销售员 |
[1:02:10] | – What? – Oh, no. | –什么? –哦 不 |
[1:02:13] | He’s your number-one seller? | 他是你们最棒的销售员? |
[1:02:14] | No, no, no. Cindy, please. You know that we love you. | 不不不 辛迪 别这样 你知道我们爱你的 |
[1:02:18] | Oh, for heaven sake. | 哦 老天啊 |
[1:02:20] | She’s never had a professional attitude. Clearly, she’s jealous. | 她一向缺乏职业素养 显而易见 她就是嫉妒 |
[1:02:24] | But could you do me a favor? Make her your friend. | 但是你能帮我个忙吗? 和她成为朋友 |
[1:02:26] | Could you just do me that favor, Todd? Please? | 你能帮我这个忙吗 托德? 拜托了? |
[1:02:30] | For me? | 为了我? |
[1:02:32] | – Yes, sir. – Thank you. | –可以 先生 –谢谢 |
[1:02:33] | This is Joy. She has a very exciting new mop that we’re gonna introduce next week. | 这是乔伊 她有个不可思议的拖把 我们下周会介绍 |
[1:02:36] | I would like you to launch it. You’re my first choice. | 我想让你介绍 你是我的最佳人选 |
[1:02:38] | A mop? | 一个拖把? |
[1:02:40] | You want me to bring this newborn into the world? | 你想让我介绍一个新产品? |
[1:02:44] | That newborn that you’re holding is every cent, every dollar, even debt… | 你要介绍的这个新产品是我倾其所有 |
[1:02:50] | that I’ve ever made. | 才研发出来的 |
[1:02:51] | Every cent you’ve ever made? | 倾其所有? |
[1:02:53] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[1:02:54] | That kind of pressure is not helpful. | 给我太大压力可不好 |
[1:02:57] | – What? – No | –什么? –不 |
[1:02:58] | It’s not part of my process, either. | 这也不符合我推销的技巧 |
[1:03:01] | Oh. | 哦 |
[1:03:02] | – Todd… – I didn’t mean to pressure you, Todd. | –托德 –我不是想给你压力 托德 |
[1:03:08] | – Performers can be finicky creatures. – He’s very sensitive. | –表演者会很挑剔 –他非常敏感 |
[1:03:10] | He is our number-one seller. He is selling everything through the roof… | 他是我们最棒的销售员 他的销售额高到 |
[1:03:14] | in numbers we’ve never seen before. | 我们闻所未闻 |
[1:03:16] | I take it very seriously. | 我很严肃对待 |
[1:03:18] | I see it as a privilege that we have to go into people’s homes. | 我把推销产品给千家万户视为荣幸 |
[1:03:20] | And I despise anybody who’s cynical about that. | 我鄙视对此有异议的人 |
[1:03:22] | Jack Warner wasn’t cynical about that. Darryl Zanuck wasn’t cynical about that. | 杰克华纳对此没有异议 达里尔扎努克没有异议 |
[1:03:25] | And Neil Walker is not cynical about that. | 尼尔沃克也没有异议 |
[1:03:27] | Let me show you the stage. | 我带你去看舞台 |
[1:03:30] | I believe eventually, one day… | 我相信 有一天 |
[1:03:32] | television will even be by and about actual regular people. | 电视节目会围绕着普通民众的生活 |
[1:03:37] | Maybe even on computers, 24 hours a day. | 甚至电脑也如此 全天候的播放 |
[1:03:41] | Who knows? Nobody thought this network would be real. | 谁都说不准 以前没人想过会有互联网 |
[1:03:44] | And here we are. | 而如今却如此发达了 |
[1:03:46] | – By the way, stock’s going through the roof. – What…? | –对了 库存很多 –什么… |
[1:03:51] | Must be mindful of Joan’s dog. | 得小心琼的狗 |
[1:03:53] | Who’s… Who’s Joan? | 谁是…谁是琼? |
[1:03:57] | Thank you, darling. | 谢谢你 亲爱的 |
[1:04:00] | You’re never gonna make it in a man’s world dressed like that. | 在男人的天下穿成这样 你永远不会成功 |
[1:04:03] | Mr. Peepers, you were almost a Peepers pancake. | 皮普先生 你差点被挤成皮普煎饼了 |
[1:04:05] | It’s a round stage that has four or five different sets that rotate… | 这是一个有四、五个布景的圆形舞台 |
[1:04:09] | depending on what we’re selling at a given moment. | 会根据我们推销的产品在规定的时间旋转 |
[1:04:12] | The clasp is part of the necklace. See? | 这个扣环是项链的一部分 看到了吗? |
[1:04:13] | Look at the quality in this clasp. That’s what we do. | 看看这个扣环的质量 我们的质量就是如此好 |
[1:04:16] | Absolutely exquisite. | 精益求精 |
[1:04:18] | Here comes Joan and Cindy. Watch this. | 琼和辛迪上了 看看这个 |
[1:04:22] | These guys are major. | 这些人是主角 |
[1:04:23] | Joan’s the original seller. | 琼是天生的推销员 |
[1:04:25] | If you’re just starting your jewelry wardrobe, can you do anything better than this? | 如果你刚开始收集珠宝 你能买到比这更好的吗? |
[1:04:28] | You’re gonna mix in your blacks, your golds, your pearls. | 黑色、金色与珍珠的混搭 |
[1:04:31] | – Everything. – Everything. | –该有的全有了 –全有了 |
[1:04:32] | Look at it against the peach. Okay? | 看到它和这桃色的裙子有多搭了吗? |
[1:04:33] | – Look at that. – Morning. | –瞧瞧 –适合早上 |
[1:04:35] | – Look at that. – Green. Afternoon. | –瞧瞧 –绿色 适合下午 |
[1:04:36] | – Look. Black, night. – Black, evening. | –瞧瞧 黑色 晚上 –黑色 适合晚上 |
[1:04:38] | – Of course at night. – I mean, can you be more elegant? | –当然适合晚上了 –有比这更优雅的吗? |
[1:04:40] | So it’s functional. Elegant. | 可见它实用又优雅 |
[1:04:43] | You can wear it alone. You can wear it… What I love… | 你可以单独佩戴 你可以戴着它…我喜欢的一点… |
[1:04:45] | See. Stars and people, they always make the mistake. | 看到了吗 明星和人们总会犯这个错误 |
[1:04:48] | They think it’s about the face, but it’s not. | 他们觉得脸才是重要的 并非如此 |
[1:04:50] | It’s about the hands. | 手才是重要的 |
[1:04:51] | Because that’s what people use. | 因为人们要用到手 |
[1:04:53] | They hold things they care about. | 他们用手拿着他们在乎的东西 |
[1:04:55] | And her hands are gonna become their hands. | 她的手会成为他们的手 |
[1:04:57] | And that becomes them. | 会成为他们 |
[1:04:58] | And then their voice, and then their eyes. | 之后是他们的声音 他们的眼睛 |
[1:05:01] | Stars always make the mistake. | 明星总是犯这个错 |
[1:05:03] | It’s really about the hands and the voice. That’s the heart of it. | 手和声音才是至关重要的 才是精髓 |
[1:05:07] | Number J-6276. | J-6276号 |
[1:05:09] | A $100 value. | 价值100美元 |
[1:05:11] | Are they not phenomenal? | 它们多惊艳呀! |
[1:05:13] | – Now watch this. – These can be yours. | –看着 –它们可以成为你的 |
[1:05:15] | – Cindy’s gonna lay this down right… – But you need to call in right now. | –辛迪马上就要说… –但你要现在就打电话订购 |
[1:05:18] | $39.99. | 39.99美元 |
[1:05:19] | …now! | …现在! |
[1:05:21] | You need this. You can get this. | 你需要它 你可以得到它 |
[1:05:23] | You need to call right now, though. | 不过你得现在就打电话 |
[1:05:25] | – I’m being told we have limited quantity left. – Watch the calls come in. | –我被告知数量有限 –看看打进来的电话 |
[1:05:27] | Watch them. Here they come. | 看着 电话进来了 |
[1:05:29] | For $39.99, you might as well get several. | 39.99美元的价格 你或许该多买几条 |
[1:05:32] | Calls coming in now. | 电话现在进来了 |
[1:05:34] | Calls. Calls. | 电话 电话 |
[1:05:36] | Calls. Calls. Calls. Calls. | 电话 电话 电话 电话 |
[1:05:39] | Look at the count. I guarantee we’re gonna go over twenty. | 看着这个统计 我保证能卖出两万多条 |
[1:05:41] | Those are FTC standards. Those are legal. | 这些是符合联邦贸易委员会规定的 这些是合法的 |
[1:05:43] | Those are coming in. Keep your eyes… Those are actual sales, Joy. | 这些数字还在增多 你看好了… 这些是真实的销售量 乔伊 |
[1:05:46] | Lines are busy? | 线路忙吗? |
[1:05:47] | – Is the queue full? – Queue’s full. | –排满了吗? –满了 |
[1:05:49] | Okay. We need a phone call right now. | 好 我们现在要打一个电话 |
[1:05:51] | When they can’t call through, we gotta keep them watching. | 当他们打不进来的时候 我们要让他们继续看节目 |
[1:05:53] | Did we get a call? Did we get a call? | 打通了吗?打通了吗? |
[1:05:55] | Okay. Got it. | 好 知道了 |
[1:05:56] | Keep this going. Phone call right now. | 保持通话 现在进电话 |
[1:05:57] | Wait, wait, wait! We have a caller! We have a caller! | 等等! 有人打电话进来了!有人打电话进来了! |
[1:06:00] | Sharon from Colorado. Hi, Sharon. | 来自科罗拉多州的莎朗 嗨 莎朗 |
[1:06:02] | Hi, Sharon. | 嗨 莎朗 |
[1:06:03] | Cindy and Joan! I can’t believe I’m talking to you! | 辛迪和琼! 我简直不敢相信在和你们通话! |
[1:06:06] | Are you happy with your necklace? | 你对你的项链还满意吗? |
[1:06:08] | These necklaces are so gorgeous and timeless. | 这些项链太精美了 也不会过时 |
[1:06:13] | – My great-grandmother had things like this. – Y es, yes. Keep it going. | –我的曾祖母就有这样的项链 –对对 接着讲 |
[1:06:15] | I am so excited to have these. | 买到这些我真是太激动了 |
[1:06:18] | Keep it going. Y es. Y es. Y es. | 继续 对对对 |
[1:06:21] | Get one for your mother. Get one for your sister. | 给你妈妈买一条 给你姐妹买一条 |
[1:06:23] | Watch the counter, Joy. Joy. | 看统计 乔伊 乔伊 |
[1:06:25] | – You will not regret owning this. – No, you will not. | –买它不会后悔的 –对 不会 |
[1:06:28] | See those numbers? | 看到这些数字了吗? |
[1:06:29] | We’re gonna wind up at 25,000. | 我们要达到两万五千了 |
[1:06:32] | Cindy knows how to close it. | 辛迪知道如何销售 |
[1:06:34] | Wow. | 哇 |
[1:06:36] | Okay, I want you to go home, I want you to call your lawyer. | 我想要你回家 给你的律师打电话 |
[1:06:38] | Look at your contract. | 看下你的合同 |
[1:06:39] | Make sure your product factory is in line. | 确保工厂已经准备就绪 |
[1:06:43] | – Okay? – Okay. | –好吗? –好的 |
[1:06:45] | Okay, Godspeed, good luck. Here we go. I’ll walk you out. | 好的 祝你好运 祝你顺利 我们走吧 我送你出去 |
[1:06:51] | You can’t expect Trudy to write a check for $200,000 for 50,000 mops… | 你不能指望特鲁迪在你还欠她 一万八美元来生产仍未卖掉的拖把时 |
[1:06:56] | when you already owe her $18,000 to make mops you haven’t even sold yet. | 会为你再开出二十万美元的支票 去生产还没卖出去的五万个拖把 |
[1:07:01] | Do you understand that there is a business that wants to sell my mop on television? | 你明白有商家想在电视上卖我的拖把吗? |
[1:07:08] | It’s going to sell. | 会大卖的 |
[1:07:10] | Fine. You feel so strongly about it, you put up half the money. | 好把 如果你坚信这点的话 你出一半的钱 |
[1:07:14] | Yes. It’s only fair that you share the financial risk, too. | 没错 你也要分担财务风险才算公平 |
[1:07:17] | How’s she gonna do that? She’s got nothing. She’s got no money. | 她如何做到?她一无所有 她没钱 |
[1:07:23] | What, do you want me to take out a second mortgage on my house? | 你们想我把房子再抵押一次吗? |
[1:07:31] | They want me to take out a second mortgage on my house. | 他们想我把房子再抵押一次 |
[1:07:33] | A second mortgage? | 再抵押一次? |
[1:07:35] | But the house, the kids, Joy. | 但那房子 孩子们 乔伊 |
[1:07:36] | What’s gonna happen, Joy? How would you do that? | 会怎么样 乔伊?你怎么处理? |
[1:07:38] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:07:54] | – Hey. How you doing? – Hey. | –嗨 你好吗? –嗨 |
[1:07:56] | You know I’ve been watching you through that fence since you were a little girl? | 你知道我从你还是个小女孩起 就一直透过栅栏观察你了吗? |
[1:07:58] | – Yeah. – I’ve been watching you grow up. | –知道 –我看着你长大 |
[1:08:00] | – Hey, listen. – What? | –嗨 听着 –什么? |
[1:08:01] | You think it would be okay if I… | 你觉得如果我… |
[1:08:03] | – You wanna fire a few rounds? – I do. | –你想打几发吗? –想 |
[1:08:05] | Yeah. Might make you feel better. | 好 或许会让你好受些 |
[1:08:07] | Thank you. I think it will. | 谢谢 我觉得会 |
[1:08:08] | – You know how to hold it? – Yeah. Yeah, yeah. | –你知道怎么拿枪吗? –对对对 |
[1:08:09] | Okay. Sure. | 好 当然 |
[1:08:14] | Good. | 好 |
[1:08:16] | Good. | 好 |
[1:08:18] | Good. | 好 |
[1:08:19] | Good. | 好 |
[1:08:37] | This is it! Oh, my gosh. | 开始了!哦 老天 |
[1:08:40] | Get ready. This is definitely gonna change the holidays… | 准备好 这绝对会给所有家有地板或浴室的人的 |
[1:08:43] | for anyone who has a floor or a bathroom… | 假期生活带来改变 |
[1:08:46] | because we have the most exciting new home product in years. | 因为这是我们几年来 最令人激动的新型家用产品 |
[1:08:50] | Y eah! | 对! |
[1:08:51] | This is the new self-wringing mop. | 这是一款新型会自己拧干的拖把 |
[1:08:54] | Okay, okay, okay! | 行了 行了 |
[1:08:55] | It’s the new standard in homes, right here. | 新的家庭标配 就在这里 |
[1:08:58] | Let’s take a look at this. This is brought to you only by Q VC. | 让我们来看看 由QVC独家销售 |
[1:09:02] | Now, this is clearly extremely soft and absorbent cotton. | 这是非常柔软又吸水的棉布 |
[1:09:08] | There we go. | 我们试试 |
[1:09:09] | You just take this, and you… | 就用这个 然后你 |
[1:09:13] | start… | 开始 |
[1:09:14] | I’m not sure. This is a little trickier than it looks. | 我不确定 这比看起来要难用 |
[1:09:18] | Put it… | 放到… |
[1:09:19] | Well, it’s getting my arm wet, here. | 我的胳膊被弄湿了 |
[1:09:23] | Let’s see. We got no sales here. | 我们这下卖不出去了 |
[1:09:25] | What happened? | 发生什么了? |
[1:09:27] | Is there a call? | 有电话进来了? |
[1:09:30] | So there… So there are no calls. | 所以…所以没有电话 |
[1:09:33] | All right. | 好吧 |
[1:09:36] | And we do not have any sales still so here’s what we ‘re gonna do. | 我们一个也没卖出去 所以我们该这样 |
[1:09:42] | We ‘re gonna move on. Now, we ‘re gonna move on. | 我们的节目继续 现在我们的节目继续 |
[1:09:44] | Cindy is gonna talk to Sarina Kimball, former star from Falcon Crest and Dynasty… | 辛迪会和前《鹰冠庄园》和 《豪门恩怨》演员萨日娜金布尔聊聊 |
[1:09:49] | and she is gonna tell us all about her new line of gowns. | 她会和我们聊聊她出的新长袍 |
[1:09:55] | These are my special occasion gowns… | 这是我的特殊场合长袍 |
[1:09:58] | “Special.” How apropos. | “特殊”形容的多好 |
[1:10:00] | …that were inspired by all of the times that I was in Dynasty and Falcon Crest. | 是根据我在拍《豪门恩怨》 以及《鹰冠庄园》时的生活设计的 |
[1:10:07] | That is absolutely amazing. | 真是太棒了 |
[1:10:10] | I want you to pan in. Look at these. | 我想来个特写镜头 看看这些 |
[1:10:12] | – Look at the detail. – Look at the detail. | –看看这些细节 –看看这些细节 |
[1:10:14] | Look at the value in that. | 看看其中的价值 |
[1:10:16] | About how many sequins would you say that is? | 你觉得有多少个亮片? |
[1:10:18] | That’s it? | 就这样了? |
[1:10:19] | – That’s all? – No, it’s over. | –没有了吗? –没了 结束了 |
[1:10:20] | That’s how fast it happens. | 也太短了 |
[1:10:22] | No, they’re gonna give her a second chance. | 不 他们会再给她一次机会的 |
[1:10:23] | No, they’re not gonna give her a second chance. | 不 他们不会再给她一次机会 |
[1:10:25] | That’s not what’s gonna happen. | 不会再有了 |
[1:10:27] | They’re going to give her a second chance. | 他们会再给她一次机会的 |
[1:10:29] | – Why do you have to be so negative? – They will. | –你们为什么都那么消极? –他们会的 |
[1:10:31] | $200,000! | 二十万美元! |
[1:10:35] | 50,000 mops. | 五万根拖把 |
[1:10:36] | Now, this is easily one of my favorites. | 这条是我的最爱 |
[1:10:40] | She’s wearing the black and gold… | 她穿着黑色和金色… |
[1:11:09] | Joy. | 乔伊 |
[1:11:15] | Hello? | 喂? |
[1:11:19] | 5,107 sequins for… | 5107个亮片… |
[1:11:22] | Get this. How much? | 听好了 多少钱? |
[1:11:24] | $299. | 299美元 |
[1:11:29] | I’m sorry the product didn’t sell. | 我很遗憾产品没卖出去 |
[1:11:34] | That man didn’t know what he was doing, Neil. | 那人都不知道在干什么 尼尔 |
[1:11:38] | Well, it wasn’t the man, Joy. It was the product. | 不是他的问题 乔伊 是产品的问题 |
[1:11:48] | I made 50,000 units because you told me to. | 我生产了五万根拖把 是你叫我这么做的 |
[1:11:52] | I mortgaged my house, I’m in $200,000 of debt. More. | 我抵押了我的房子 我欠了20万美元债 还有更多 |
[1:11:58] | Well, it’s your business. It’s your debt. | 这是你的生意 你的债 |
[1:12:00] | And we indemnify up to a third, if you read your contract. | 我们会补偿最多三分之一的损失 如果你看了合同的话 |
[1:12:04] | To be honest, that’s even gonna be hard to get. | 说实话 这都很难争取到 |
[1:12:09] | Neil, you gotta give us another chance. | 尼尔 你要再给我们一次机会 |
[1:12:12] | I’m so sorry, Joy. | 我很抱歉 乔伊 |
[1:12:13] | I just can’t bring it to my boss. I can’t. | 我不能向上级这样提议 不能 |
[1:12:19] | I can’t accept your answer. | 我不接受你的答复 |
[1:12:22] | I can’t, and I won’t. | 我办不到 我不接受 |
[1:12:27] | Joy, you have to let Trudy report this loss in bankruptcy… | 乔伊 你得让特鲁迪把损失写进 破产报告里 |
[1:12:31] | because otherwise she’s gonna hemorrhage even more money. | 否则她会失去更多钱 |
[1:12:34] | You have to file, too… | 你也得申请破产 |
[1:12:36] | because you mortgaged your children’s future and you lost… | 因为你抵押了你孩子们的未来 你输了 |
[1:12:39] | and you have to prepare yourself for that. | 你得应对这个结果 |
[1:12:42] | You have to file for bankruptcy. | 你得申请破产 |
[1:12:43] | I warned you so many times, Joy! | 我警告你很多次了 乔伊! |
[1:12:45] | Dad, I warned you to not spend her money! | 爸爸 我警告你不要花她的钱! |
[1:12:47] | Come on! You’ve been plotting against her from the very beginning, Peggy! | 拜托!你一开始就跟她唱反调 佩吉! |
[1:12:50] | Now we ‘re bankrupt, Tony! | 现在我们破产了 托尼! |
[1:12:54] | I’m in a meeting with our lawyers. | 我在和我们的律师开会 |
[1:12:56] | What do you think you’re doing? | 你这是干什么? |
[1:13:00] | “Go home, Joy, and watch the numbers roll in on television. | “回家去 乔伊 看看电视上的数字 |
[1:13:06] | “Make 50,000 mops… | “做五万根拖把 |
[1:13:08] | “borrowing and owing every dollar, including your home.” | “欠了一大笔债 包括你的房子” |
[1:13:13] | It could have been handled better. | 可以处理得更好的 |
[1:13:14] | I’ll let Todd have another shot. | 我让托德再试一次 |
[1:13:16] | I don’t want Todd or anyone else to try it. | 我不想让托德或其他人试 |
[1:13:19] | It should be me. | 应该让我来 |
[1:13:21] | We don’t have regular people. | 我们不让普通人上节目的 |
[1:13:22] | We have celebrities or spokesmodels do the selling. | 都是让明星或推销模特来卖产品 |
[1:13:25] | I told you this. | 我告诉过你的 |
[1:13:28] | Who showed you the mop? | 是谁给你演示拖把的? |
[1:13:29] | Who sold it to you? Who taught you how to use it? | 是谁推销给你的?是谁教你用的? |
[1:13:32] | And who convinced you that it was great after you thought it was worthless? | 是谁在你认为这拖把一无是处之后 说服你的? |
[1:13:40] | Excuse me, can you give us a second? | 不好意思 能让我们谈一下吗? |
[1:13:43] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[1:13:55] | You ever been in front of a TV camera? You comfortable in front of a TV camera? | 你上过电视吗? 你在电视镜头前自在吗? |
[1:13:58] | Because when you get there, there’s lights and there’s camera, and people freeze up. | 因为当你站上舞台 灯光 镜头和人都会静止 |
[1:14:02] | You said to me that David Selznick, the son of immigrants… | 你跟我说过 大卫塞尔兹尼克 移民后裔 |
[1:14:05] | married Jennifer Jones, an all-American girl from Oklahoma… | 娶了詹妮弗琼斯 一个俄克拉荷马州的美国甜心 |
[1:14:09] | because in America, all races and all classes… | 因为在美国 所有种族和阶层 |
[1:14:13] | can meet and make whatever opportunities they can. | 都能去追求和把握任何一个机会 |
[1:14:16] | And that is what you feel when you reach into people’s homes with what you sell. | 这就是你把产品卖给千家万户时的感觉 |
[1:14:26] | You said that. | 你是这么说的 |
[1:14:29] | What do you think? Looks great, right? | 你觉得呢?看起来很棒 对吧? |
[1:14:33] | Yeah. Yeah, yeah. Beautiful. | 对对对 好看 |
[1:14:35] | Very vogue, very classic. | 很时髦 很经典 |
[1:14:37] | All right, if you come back next time… Lori? Lori? | 好了 如果你下次再来… 洛里?洛里? |
[1:14:40] | I just want you to just put the hair a little bit forward, just like that, if she comes back again. | 我就想让你把头发放下来点 就像这样 如果她下次再来的话 |
[1:14:45] | Okay? Not with the comb, not with the comb. | 行吗?不要用梳子 不要梳子 |
[1:14:47] | – Try the black. – Okay. | –试试黑色 –好的 |
[1:14:49] | Okay? | 行吗? |
[1:14:50] | It’s gonna be perfect. | 会很完美的 |
[1:15:04] | Wow. | 哇 |
[1:15:09] | Beautiful. What do you think? How do you feel? | 很美 你觉得呢? 你感觉怎么样? |
[1:15:13] | I’d like to change just one thing. Would you mind? | 我只想做一个改动 你不介意吗? |
[1:15:16] | – Okay, surprise me. – Small thing. | –行啊 给我个惊喜吧 –小改动 |
[1:15:18] | I’ll surprise you. | 我会让你惊喜的 |
[1:15:19] | Okay, surprise me. | 好啊 来吧 |
[1:15:23] | What would the small thing be that she changes? | 她要做什么小改动? |
[1:15:30] | What? | 什么? |
[1:15:31] | You undid the whole thing. | 你全换掉了 |
[1:15:34] | This is me. | 这才是我 |
[1:15:35] | This is you? | 这才是你? |
[1:15:37] | You’ve got the exact same outfit you had when you came in here. | 你和你进来时穿得一样 |
[1:15:39] | I wear a blouse and I wear pants. | 我穿了衬衫和裤子 |
[1:15:41] | That’s who I am. | 这就是我 |
[1:15:44] | I want to go on as me. | 我想以自己的形象上节目 |
[1:15:47] | Gonna go on as you. | 以你的形象上节目 |
[1:15:49] | I hope you make it back. | 我希望你能行 |
[1:15:51] | Joan, Cindy. Say good luck to Joy. | 琼 辛迪 祝乔伊好运 |
[1:15:53] | – Wow. – Wow. | –哇 –哇 |
[1:15:54] | You look great. Good luck today. | 你看起来很棒 祝你今天好运 |
[1:15:56] | – Thank you. – Good luck. | –谢谢 –祝你好运 |
[1:15:57] | That’s her, that’s how she is. | 这就是她 她就是这样的形象 |
[1:15:58] | Blouse and… She should be in a skirt. She’s got nice long legs. | 衬衫和…她该穿裙子的 她有对美腿 |
[1:16:01] | Show her legs. | 拍她的腿 |
[1:16:02] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[1:16:03] | Joan Rivers wants me in a skirt, but I’m gonna do pants. | 琼里弗斯想让我穿裙子 但我就穿裤子 |
[1:16:06] | Do what you want to do. | 随你便吧 |
[1:16:08] | Come on, let’s go upstairs. | 来吧 我们上楼 |
[1:16:19] | Are you nervous? | 你紧张吗? |
[1:16:21] | Yes. | 紧张 |
[1:16:22] | Just be yourself. | 做自己就好 |
[1:16:24] | Just remember, it’s all about the hands. | 记住 手才是重点 |
[1:16:26] | Here we go. | 我们开始吧 |
[1:16:43] | Ready… Stage is moving! | 准备…舞台开转! |
[1:16:46] | Household product 375 in three, two… | 家用产品375号 三、二… |
[1:16:56] | What are you doing? Come on. | 你在干吗?拜托 |
[1:16:59] | Go! Go! | 说啊!说啊! |
[1:17:02] | She’s freezing. | 她僵住了 |
[1:17:06] | Sorry, these lights are so bright. | 不好意思 这些灯光太刺眼了 |
[1:17:11] | Nobody tells you how bright these lights… Well, Neil did tell me. | 没人告诉你这些灯光有多刺眼… 尼尔告诉过我 |
[1:17:16] | Neil is my boss. Here. | 尼尔是我在这里的上司 |
[1:17:20] | I should thank him for letting me be up here. | 我应该感谢他让我上台 |
[1:17:24] | – Sorry. – You’re Joy. | –抱歉 –你是乔伊 |
[1:17:26] | I am Joy. | 我是乔伊 |
[1:17:27] | Just say something! Talk about the mop! | 说点什么呀! 聊拖把! |
[1:17:30] | Oh, my God. | 哦 我的天! |
[1:17:31] | We have to do something. | 我们得做点什么 |
[1:17:34] | We have to do something. | 我们得做点什么 |
[1:17:36] | Do we have a call? | 有电话进来了吗? |
[1:17:37] | – Could we go to a call? – We have a call. | –我们能转电话进来吗? –有人打进来 |
[1:17:38] | – It’s a friendly call? – It’s a friendly call. | –友好的吗? –友好的 |
[1:17:40] | Okay. Take it. Take it. | 好 播吧 播吧 |
[1:17:42] | Joy, we have a call. | 乔伊 我们有电话进来了 |
[1:17:44] | A call? How did that happen? | 有电话了?怎么会? |
[1:17:47] | Well, we have a call. | 好了 我们有电话进来了 |
[1:17:48] | Hi. Joanne from New York. | 嗨 来自纽约的乔安娜 |
[1:17:50] | Joanne from New York. | 来自纽约的乔安娜 |
[1:17:51] | We have a call coming in from Joanne from New York. | 我们有一通纽约的乔安娜打来的电话 |
[1:17:54] | Yeah, I’m calling in because I would love a mop that I don’t have to touch when I wring it. | 是的 我打来是想说我想要 一个拖地时不需要拧的拖把 |
[1:17:59] | You know, my hands get raw and when I mop broken glass… | 我拖碎玻璃的时候会弄伤手 |
[1:18:02] | and I wring the mop, I cut my hands. | 一拧拖把就会割伤我的手 |
[1:18:06] | Do you ever cut your hands when you’re wringing? | 你以前拧拖把割伤手过吗? |
[1:18:09] | Joanne, that is so funny that you said that. | 乔安娜 你这样说很有趣 |
[1:18:11] | That is actually exactly how I was inspired to invent this mop. | 我就是这样才想到发明这款拖把的 |
[1:18:16] | There was glass shattered everywhere. I was with my two kids, with my father, and I… | 满地都是碎玻璃 我有两个孩子 还有父亲 我… |
[1:18:21] | Every time I would wring the mop, I would get glass shards in my hands. | 我每次拧拖把的时候 手都会被玻璃割伤 |
[1:18:25] | And the old mop just wasn’t very absorbent. | 老式的拖把吸水性也差 |
[1:18:28] | So I went to my daughter’s room, and I borrowed her crayons… | 所以我去我女儿房间 借了她的蜡笔 |
[1:18:33] | and I designed this mop. | 我就设计了这款拖把 |
[1:18:36] | Make sure you get down there. Yeah, that’s it. | 你把镜头放低点 对 就这样 |
[1:18:38] | It’s made of plastic, so it’s lightweight, but very durable. | 这是塑料做的 所以很轻 但非常耐用 |
[1:18:41] | Go in. Go in to the hands. | 特写 手部特写 |
[1:18:42] | It’s extremely absorbent… | 吸水性极好 |
[1:18:43] | with 300 continuous cotton loops… | 有91米的连续的全棉线 |
[1:18:46] | that I looped myself when I designed it. | 是我自己缠的 |
[1:18:48] | – How much is it? – It is $19.95. | –多少钱? –19.95美元 |
[1:18:52] | I like that price. I want a whole bunch of them. | 价格我很满意 我想要买一堆 |
[1:18:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:18:56] | H375. That’s the order number. | H375 是货号 |
[1:18:58] | Household item 375. | 家用产品编号375 |
[1:19:00] | I guarantee you… | 我向你保证… |
[1:19:01] | That’s it. Stay right there. | 就在这里 保持住 |
[1:19:03] | …you are not going to find another mop like this that exists. | …你在市面上可找不到 第二根像这样的拖把 |
[1:19:05] | If there was, I would have bought it and I wouldn’t have cut my hands up. | 如果有的话 我早就会买了 我也不会割伤手了 |
[1:19:10] | You can get across the whole kitchen with one wring. Just imagine that. | 你只要拧一次就能拖完整个厨房 想象一下吧 |
[1:19:13] | Watch this. | 看好了 |
[1:19:16] | Chocolate syrup. | 巧克力糖浆 |
[1:19:20] | Go the syrup. Go the syrup. | 拍糖浆 拍糖浆 |
[1:19:21] | Baby food. A very big spill at my house. | 婴儿食品 在我家常洒得到处都是 |
[1:19:24] | Very common spill for me. | 对我来说是很常见的污渍 |
[1:19:25] | No. Hands, hands. | 不 用手 用手 |
[1:19:27] | Now, the biggest difference, I don’t have to touch this disgusting mop head. | 最大的区别是 我现在不用碰这个恶心的拖把头了 |
[1:19:31] | There’s not another mop on the market… | 市面上没有第二款拖把 |
[1:19:33] | that has as much absorbent cotton as this mop right here. | 有吸水性这样强的全棉线 |
[1:19:38] | And I guarantee you, there will be no regrets, no returns. | 我向你保证 你不会后悔也不会退货 |
[1:19:42] | I have been mopping for most of my life, every single day. | 我一生中几乎每天都要拖地 |
[1:19:45] | Phones are ringing! | 电话进来了! |
[1:19:46] | I cannot tell you how much this mop has changed my life. | 这根拖把让我的生活 有了翻天覆地的变化 |
[1:19:49] | – Phones are ringing! Phones are ringing! – The phones are ringing. The phones are ringing. | –电话进来了! –有电话进来了! |
[1:19:51] | Go. | 说 |
[1:19:52] | This is gonna be the greatest mop to have around Christmas time… | 这将会是圣诞假期里最棒的拖把 |
[1:19:55] | when you have family over… | 当你全家都来 |
[1:19:57] | I am a mother of two. There is just spill after spill. | 我是两个孩子的母亲 家里经常有东西洒地上 |
[1:20:01] | Family comes to town. | 家人来做客时 |
[1:20:03] | You can mop your entire kitchen with one wring! | 你只要拧一次就能拖干净整个厨房 |
[1:20:06] | Oh, my God! 29,000! | 哦 我的天!两万九千个! |
[1:20:09] | This is very special! | 这太不寻常了! |
[1:20:10] | I haven’t even told you about my personal favorite feature… | 我还没告诉你们我个人最喜欢的一个功能 |
[1:20:13] | which is the removable mop head… | 就是可拆式拖把头 |
[1:20:15] | that I can put into the washing machine and it will come out clean as new. | 我就能把拖把头放进洗衣机 洗完就跟新的一样 |
[1:20:20] | Yes! Yes! | 太好了!太好了! |
[1:20:22] | Oh, my God, these numbers keep climbing! | 我的天 数字还在不断增大! |
[1:20:25] | Thank you. I… | 谢谢 我… |
[1:20:26] | Yes, that’s right. Keep it going. | 对 就这样 继续 |
[1:20:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:20:30] | This is the most absorbent mop on the market. It’s lightweight. | 这是市面上最吸水的拖把 它很轻 |
[1:20:33] | It’s the only mop that you’re ever gonna buy, the best mop you’re ever gonna use. | 你只需买这一根拖把 这会是你用过的最好的拖把 |
[1:20:37] | It is lightweight and durable, and that is just me speaking from my experience. | 又轻又耐用 我只是说出我的体会 |
[1:20:41] | As someone who mops their house every single day, from my heart. | 作为一个每天要拖地清洁家的人 发自内心的话 |
[1:20:46] | This woman’s gonna be a whole new business. | 这女人会是一个全新的商机 |
[1:20:51] | No way. | 不会吧 |
[1:20:58] | Oh, my God. | 哦 我的天 |
[1:21:19] | Can you believe it? Can you believe it? | 你能相信吗? 你能相信吗? |
[1:21:23] | I thought for sure you were gonna tell me that your counting machine was broken. | 我以为你肯定会告诉我统计机器坏了 |
[1:21:27] | I listened to you. You were right. | 我听了你的话 你是对的 |
[1:21:28] | I just can’t believe that actually happened. | 我就是不敢相信竟能成真 |
[1:21:31] | I know. | 我知道 |
[1:21:32] | I guess you could say we’re friends in commerce. | 我想你能说我们是生意场上的朋友了 |
[1:21:35] | Friends in commerce. | 生意上场的朋友 |
[1:21:36] | Yeah. | 对 |
[1:21:37] | Let’s promise each other that if, one day, and that day may come… | 我们互相保证 即使有一天 如果会有那一天 |
[1:21:41] | that we become adversaries in commerce, that we remain friends. | 我们是彼此生意的对手 我们还是朋友 |
[1:21:44] | Because that’s a true friendship indeed. | 因为那才是真正的友谊 |
[1:21:46] | Friends in commerce. | 生意场上的朋友 |
[1:21:48] | I agree. Let’s shake on it. | 我同意 握手吧 |
[1:22:31] | We’ve got 10 looms… | 我们有十台织布机 |
[1:22:33] | and then when they’re completed, this is where the mop heads are sewn. | 织好布后 会在这里缝拖把头 |
[1:22:38] | Who makes your parts? | 谁生产你的其他部件? |
[1:22:40] | A factory out in California. | 加利福尼亚州的一家工厂 |
[1:22:42] | It was cheaper and faster than any place around here. | 比这里任何一家都便宜而且高效 |
[1:22:45] | Smart. Are they gonna be able to stay on schedule? | 很聪明 他们能按时交货吗? |
[1:22:49] | Yeah. | 能 |
[1:22:57] | One time. | 一次 |
[1:23:18] | – Right there. – Thank you. | –那里 –谢谢 |
[1:23:19] | – You’re welcome. – Right here? | –不客气 –这里? |
[1:23:22] | Hello? | 喂? |
[1:24:24] | Mimi. | 外婆 |
[1:24:28] | Mimi. | 外婆 |
[1:24:44] | I so hated to leave her that day. | 我很气自己那天离她而去 |
[1:24:48] | I had so much I wanted to say to her. | 我有好多话想对她说 |
[1:24:51] | And to my great granddaughter. | 对我的曾孙女 |
[1:24:56] | I felt I wanted to stay near her and watch over her. | 我觉得我要待在她身边 守护她 |
[1:26:07] | Cristy. | 克里斯蒂 |
[1:26:15] | There’s a problem in California. | 加利福尼亚那边有个问题 |
[1:26:17] | There can’t be a problem in California. I told Neil that everything was fine. | 加利福尼亚不能出问题 我跟尼尔说了一切都好 |
[1:26:21] | Gerhardt keeps raising his price. He just did it again. | 杰哈德不断提价 他又提价了 |
[1:26:24] | More money per unit. | 每把的成本提高了 |
[1:26:27] | He can’t do that. We’re gonna lose money. | 他不能那样 我们会亏损的 |
[1:26:29] | I sent a representative to handle him. | 我派了一个代表去搞定他 |
[1:26:32] | Representative? We don’t have a representative. | 代表?我们没有代表 |
[1:26:34] | What representative? | 什么代表? |
[1:26:36] | Peggy went. | 佩吉去了 |
[1:26:38] | Peggy? | 佩吉? |
[1:26:43] | I don’t want to talk about this right now. | 我现在不想谈这个 |
[1:26:54] | She wanted to be part of it. | 她想参与进来 |
[1:26:56] | How could you send Peggy? | 你怎么能派佩吉去? |
[1:27:02] | She wanted to be part of it. | 她想参与进来 |
[1:27:05] | You both are blood relatives. You’re half-sisters. | 你们有血缘关系 你们是同父异母的姐妹 |
[1:27:09] | It’s very, very important that you love and respect each other. | 你们相爱 互相尊重 这点非常非常重要 |
[1:27:16] | I paid them the 20 that you owed them. I had to. | 我付了你欠他们的两万 我是迫不得已 |
[1:27:22] | I got them to fill the order of the 100,000… | 我让它们完成十万的订单 |
[1:27:25] | with a price increase of only two dollars per unit. | 每把只加收两美元 |
[1:27:28] | We can’t increase at all, Peggy. Don’t you understand? | 我们一分也不能多付了 佩吉 你不明白吗? |
[1:27:35] | We sold at a certain price. | 我们以一定的价格销售 |
[1:27:39] | Any hikes, especially the ones he’s asking for… | 任何成本的提升 尤其是他要求的 |
[1:27:42] | mean that I will lose so much money… | 意味着我要损失很多钱 |
[1:27:44] | that I’ll be in even more debt than I was before. | 以至于会欠下比之前还要多的债 |
[1:27:51] | You’re gonna make it back. | 你会赚回来的 |
[1:27:53] | I’m gonna make it back? | 我要赚回来? |
[1:27:56] | How? | 怎么赚? |
[1:28:02] | I’ve got ideas, you know. | 我有些想法 |
[1:28:06] | There are things that I’d like to do. | 我有一些想要做的事 |
[1:28:09] | I spoke to him about a project that Dad and I have been designing. | 我跟他谈了我和爸爸在设想的项目 |
[1:28:13] | Right, Dad? | 对吧 爸爸? |
[1:28:14] | Yes, we did. | 对的 我们在设想 |
[1:28:18] | Do you have any idea how much your idea will cost? | 你知道你的想法要花多少钱吗? |
[1:28:22] | How or where you’ll sell it? | 你怎么卖?去哪里卖? |
[1:28:25] | If you can even manufacture it after it’s taken everything we’ve got… | 即使你能把产品生产出来 |
[1:28:28] | to sell this one product that now, thanks to you… | 在我们现在倾其所有 销售这一件产品之后 托你的福 |
[1:28:32] | is going to cost more money? | 要花更多的钱? |
[1:28:35] | Maybe my product is better than your product. | 也许我的产品比你的好 |
[1:28:38] | I can do what you did on TV. It’s not that hard. | 我也能做你在电视上的那些 又不是很难 |
[1:28:40] | Isn’t that the whole purpose of that channel? It’s that everybody could do it? | 这难道不是那个频道的宗旨? 任何人都可以做? |
[1:28:45] | What your sister does is not easy… | 你妹妹做的那些可不容易 |
[1:28:50] | but what we were planning to do… | 但是我们打算做的 |
[1:28:54] | is not that difficult. | 也不是那么难 |
[1:28:59] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[1:29:01] | Never speak on my behalf… | 再也不要以我的名义谈 |
[1:29:10] | about my business again. | 我的生意 |
[1:29:15] | Now I have to go to California. | 现在我得去一趟加利福尼亚了 |
[1:30:19] | Can I help you? | 我有什么可帮你的吗? |
[1:30:20] | I’m Joy. I’m here to see Gerhardt. | 我是乔伊 我来见杰哈德 |
[1:30:23] | He’s not available. | 他没空 |
[1:30:26] | I’ll wait. | 我会等 |
[1:30:30] | She says she’s here to see Gerhardt. | 她说她来见杰哈德 |
[1:30:33] | Gerhardt! | 杰哈德! |
[1:30:42] | Hey. I’m Gerhardt. | 嗨 我是杰哈德 |
[1:30:44] | I’m Joy. | 我是乔伊 |
[1:30:46] | Come on in. | 请进 |
[1:30:47] | Derek Markham is my boss. | 德里克马卡姆是我的老板 |
[1:30:49] | He lives in Texas. | 他住在德克萨斯州 |
[1:30:50] | Fabri-Pac is one of several companies he owns or collects royalties for. | 帕克制造厂只是他拥有的或 收专利费的其中一家公司而已 |
[1:30:54] | I report to him. He makes pricing decisions. | 我向他汇报 他定价格 |
[1:30:58] | Well, I’ve never met or talked to this Derek Markham… | 我从没见过 也没和这个德里克马卡姆谈过 |
[1:31:01] | but I’ve talked to you many times on the phone. | 但我和你在电话谈过好多次了 |
[1:31:03] | And I do find it very curious… | 我很好奇 |
[1:31:05] | that the second I’m on television, with a lot of success… | 我上电视大获成功后 |
[1:31:08] | the price for our products goes up. | 我们产品的造价就涨了 |
[1:31:10] | Seems very unfair to me, to say the least. | 至少对我来说 这很不公平 |
[1:31:14] | Seems like you’re shaking us down. | 你们似乎是在压榨我们 |
[1:31:16] | You met Gregory, our plant foreman. | 你见过格里高利了 我们的工头 |
[1:31:18] | It’s very hard for us to lower the cost at this point. | 我们现在很难降低成本 |
[1:31:21] | We’re already losing a lot of money. | 我们已经亏了很多钱 |
[1:31:24] | How could that possibly be, with the $500,000 that we’ve given you… | 怎么会呢 除了预付给达拉斯的 德里克马卡姆的 |
[1:31:27] | on top of the $50,000 of advance royalties… | 五万美元专利费 |
[1:31:29] | that have gone to a Derek Markham in Dallas. | 我们还支付给你们50万美元 |
[1:31:32] | And that’s not even counting what my sister paid you… | 更别说我姐姐付了你们的那笔 |
[1:31:35] | without my authority, by the way… | 因为你们多收费和出错产生的费用 |
[1:31:36] | for your overcharges and your mistakes. | 顺便说下 还是未经我授权的 |
[1:31:40] | Your sister paid the increase that you refused to pay. | 你姐姐付了你拒绝支付的涨价部分 |
[1:31:44] | Well, she had no authority to do that. She’s not an officer of my corporation. | 她没权这样做 她根本不是我公司的一员 |
[1:31:49] | You and I could both spend a lot of time and money in court to prove that I’m right… | 我们可以花很多时间和钱去法庭 证明我是对的 |
[1:31:54] | but that would just make our lawyers wealthy… | 但那只会让我们的律师更富有 |
[1:31:56] | while my product dies instead of being on television… | 与此同时我的产品却停产 不能上电视 |
[1:31:59] | like it could be right now. | 就像现在这样 |
[1:32:02] | You can pay more. | 你可以付更多钱 |
[1:32:04] | I can’t pay more. I won’t. | 我付不了更多 我不会 |
[1:32:06] | Costs are higher. Wear and tear on the molds. | 成本更高了 模具有损耗 |
[1:32:09] | We have to remake them every other week. | 我们每隔一周都要重做一次 |
[1:32:12] | Is that so? Can I see the molds? | 是吗?我能看看模具吗? |
[1:32:15] | They’re in the machines. | 它们在机器里 |
[1:32:16] | It’ll take some time to prepare them for you. | 给你看需要花些时间 |
[1:32:24] | Is there a bathroom I could use? | 我能用下洗手间吗? |
[1:32:29] | Yeah, it’s down the hall. Gregory will show you. | 可以 走廊走到底 格里高利会带你去 |
[1:32:40] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:34:02] | What? | 什么? |
[1:34:07] | What are you doing in here? | 你在这里干什么? |
[1:34:09] | What is this? | 这是什么? |
[1:34:10] | These are my designs, these are my molds! | 这些是我的设计图 是我的模具! |
[1:34:13] | Those are ours! | 那些是我们的! |
[1:34:14] | And we knew you’d be trouble. The cops are on their way. | 我们就知道你是个麻烦 警察已经在路上了 |
[1:34:17] | – We called ’em as soon as you showed up! – These are my molds! | –你一来我们就报警了 –这些是我的模具! |
[1:34:19] | Those are ours! | 是我们的! |
[1:34:20] | I’m taking these with me. | 我要把这些带走 |
[1:34:22] | I’m taking all of these with me. | 我要把这些全部带走 |
[1:34:24] | I want all of these boxed up, and I’m taking them. | 我要把这些都打包 我要带走它们 |
[1:34:26] | You’re trespassing! | 你非法入侵! |
[1:34:27] | It’s not your patent! | 这不是你们的专利! |
[1:34:29] | These are my designs! | 这些是我的设计! |
[1:34:32] | I’m not going anywhere without my molds. | 不带走我的模具我哪也不会去 |
[1:34:36] | What? No. No. | 什么?不 不 |
[1:34:37] | This is not stealing, this is my property! | 这不是偷窃 这是我的财产! |
[1:34:40] | This is my property. | 这是我的财产! |
[1:34:41] | I have all of these designs. These are all mine. They belong to me! | 我拥有这些设计图 这些都是我的 它们属于我! |
[1:34:45] | She’s from out of state, John! You’ve known me 15 years! | 她来自别的州 约翰!你认识我15年了! |
[1:34:48] | All right, come on, ma’am. You’re trespassing. | 好了 走吧 女士 你非法入侵了 |
[1:34:50] | – What? – Yeah. Come on. | –什么? –对 走吧 |
[1:34:52] | – I’m not trespassing. – Yeah, you’re trespassing. | –我没有非法入侵 –不 你非法入侵了 |
[1:34:53] | I was in his office. | 我之前在他的办公室 |
[1:34:55] | – You don’t know. Come on. – He let me into his… | –我不知道 走吧 –他让我进他的… |
[1:34:56] | Gerhardt, you’re not gonna get away with this. | 杰哈德 我不会放过你的 |
[1:34:58] | – You’re not gonna get away with this! – Be careful what you’re saying. | –我不会放过你的! –说话小心点 |
[1:34:59] | – You’re a thief! You’re a thief, Gerhardt! – Be careful, come on, come on. | –你是个小偷!杰哈德! –当心 走吧 |
[1:35:01] | Be careful. Come on, stop it. | 当心 走吧 停住 |
[1:35:03] | – This is stealing! – Hey, hey, stop it. Come on. | –这是偷窃! –嗨嗨 别嚷嚷了 走吧 |
[1:35:05] | All right. | 好吧 |
[1:35:09] | Watch your step. All right. | 小心脚下 好吧 |
[1:35:19] | What about Trudy’s money, Joy? | 特鲁迪的钱呢 乔伊? |
[1:35:21] | You have to pay back Trudy’s money. | 你得还特鲁迪的钱 |
[1:35:23] | This is only getting worse. | 只会变得越来越糟 |
[1:35:24] | I predicted tragedy, Joy. | 我觉得势头不妙 乔伊 |
[1:35:27] | You’re racking up quite a steep bill. | 你欠下了一大笔债 |
[1:35:29] | We had to fly out here, bail you out. | 我们还不得不飞来这里保释你 |
[1:35:32] | Plus it cost us an extra $10,000 for Ray Cagney… | 再加上我们额外支付了雷贾克内 一万美元 |
[1:35:35] | this California patent attorney, to get us to this point. | 这位加利福尼亚的专利律师 帮我们到这份上 |
[1:35:38] | We got the state to decline prosecution. | 我们让州政府撤销了指控 |
[1:35:41] | They see it’s a contract dispute. | 他们认为这是一起合同纠纷 |
[1:35:43] | When you paid royalties to Derek Markham in T exas… | 当你给德克萨斯的德里克马卡姆 付专利费时 |
[1:35:46] | it put all your parts and molds under the umbrella of their patent. | 你就把所有零部件和模具 归到他们的专利里了 |
[1:35:51] | I see you brought your drawings and hung them to prove your design. | 我看你带了你的设计图 想证明这是你的设计 |
[1:35:55] | But it’s impossible to fight it now. | 但现在没法起诉他们 |
[1:35:57] | You were not properly advised. | 你没得到正确的法律咨询 |
[1:36:01] | Cristy, please! | 克里斯蒂 别闹了! |
[1:36:03] | Tony, take her to bed. | 托尼 带她去睡觉 |
[1:36:04] | I don’t wanna go to bed. I wanna stay here. | 我不想睡觉 我想待在这里 |
[1:36:06] | I paid those royalties… | 我付那些专利费 |
[1:36:08] | because you told me to. | 是因为你让我付的 |
[1:36:09] | Because your lawyer told me to. | 因为你的律师让我付的 |
[1:36:12] | Our lawyer was mistaken. This happens sometimes in business. | 我们的律师弄错了 生意上有时会发生这种事 |
[1:36:16] | It didn’t work out for you. | 你运气不太好 |
[1:36:17] | It happens sometimes. | 有时是会发生这样的事 |
[1:36:18] | Trudy’s lawyer is not a patent attorney. | 特鲁迪的律师不是专利律师 |
[1:36:20] | Which I said! | 我就是那么说的! |
[1:36:21] | And you said I had no business being Joy’s advisor. | 而你说我没资格给乔伊提建议 |
[1:36:25] | – And now it turns out that I was right! – This is not helpful, Tony! | –现在证明我是对的了! –你这是帮倒忙 托尼! |
[1:36:27] | – That’s enough, Tony. Please. – It’s enough, now? | –够了 托尼 拜托 –哦 现在够了? |
[1:36:29] | I’m very sorry. I wish there was more I could do. | 我很抱歉 我希望我能帮上什么忙 |
[1:36:32] | But when your sister Peggy paid the unjustified bills… | 但是当你姐姐佩吉付了你拒绝支付的 |
[1:36:36] | that you refused to pay… | 不公正的账单后 |
[1:36:37] | it closed the door on that. | 就已经没办法了 |
[1:36:39] | What about Neil Walker and QVC? | 尼尔沃克和QVC怎么办? |
[1:36:41] | Wouldn’t they pay the expenses on defending the patent? | 他们不会支付争夺专利的费用吗? |
[1:36:44] | Be careful, Joy. | 小心点 乔伊 |
[1:36:45] | You could be sued for misrepresentation and failure to deliver your product. | 你可能会因对产品的虚假陈述 和未能交付而被起诉 |
[1:36:49] | That’s breach. | 这是毁灭性的 |
[1:36:51] | QVC requires that you deliver a fully patented product. | QVC要求你交付有完全专利权的产品 |
[1:36:54] | I’ve been doing this for a long time. | 我干这一行很久了 |
[1:36:57] | You’re in for a long court process that will stall your product. | 你会面临漫长的法庭程序 会导致产品停产 |
[1:37:01] | And you will probably lose. | 而且你还可能败诉 |
[1:37:03] | I wish I could do more. | 我希望我能帮上更多忙 |
[1:37:06] | Take care, now. | 保重 |
[1:37:07] | You’re gonna have to accept the facts, Joy. | 你得接受现实 乔伊 |
[1:37:10] | I mean, that’s… | 我是说 这… |
[1:37:12] | You’re most of half a million dollars in debt. | 你差不多欠了五十万美元的债了 |
[1:37:14] | I don’t know how you’re gonna pay it. | 我不知道你要怎么偿还 |
[1:37:16] | We have to declare bankruptcy. | 我们得宣布破产 |
[1:37:18] | You’re gonna have to declare bankruptcy. | 你得宣布破产 |
[1:37:21] | I have to declare bankruptcy. | 我得宣布破产 |
[1:37:22] | She has to. | 她必须得这样 |
[1:37:23] | – To try to contain my losses. – Yeah. | –以防我进一步的损失 –对 |
[1:37:25] | I have to write it off. | 我得把损失匀回来 |
[1:37:26] | It just seems so wrong. | 这样很不对 |
[1:37:28] | We’ve worked so hard. | 我们那么努力 |
[1:37:30] | We’ve come so far for us to just give up now. | 我们一路经历了那么多 现在就放弃的话 |
[1:37:32] | It just seems so unfair! | 太不公平了 |
[1:37:34] | Business is unfair. That’s it. | 生意场上何来公平 现实就是这样 |
[1:37:37] | It’s not working out. Well, that’s what happens. | 只是没做成 这种事时有发生 |
[1:37:39] | That’s why people don’t go around making invention every other day. | 所以人们不会每天 没事就发明件东西 |
[1:37:43] | Wake up! | 清醒吧! |
[1:37:44] | It’s my fault. | 都是我的错 |
[1:37:45] | I gave her the confidence to think she was more than just an unemployed housewife… | 是我给她信心 让她认为自己远不止是 在垃圾频道上 |
[1:37:48] | selling plastic kitchen stuff to other unemployed housewives… | 卖塑料厨房用具给其他失业家庭主妇的 |
[1:37:51] | on a junk cable channel. | 一个失业家庭主妇 |
[1:37:52] | It’s my fault. It’s not your fault, honey. | 是我的错 不是你的错 亲爱的 |
[1:37:55] | It was my mistake to make her think that she was more than she was. | 是我让她误以为能超越自己 |
[1:37:58] | She pressured herself into doing something she shouldn’t have done. | 她强迫自己做了她本不该做的事 |
[1:38:01] | It was wrong of you to put that pressure on yourself. | 你不该给自己压力的 |
[1:38:03] | It was wrong of us to put that pressure on you. | 我们不该给你那样的压力 |
[1:38:05] | I need more vodka. | 我需要更多伏特加 |
[1:38:07] | It was wrong of us to think that you’d be an instant business person overnight. | 我们不该认为你会在一夜之间 就成为出色的商人 |
[1:38:13] | Of course, this is not who you are. | 当然 那不是你 |
[1:38:16] | It takes a kind of toughness, a certain acumen… | 那需要坚强和一些头脑 |
[1:38:21] | that you simply don’t have. | 显然你都不具备 |
[1:38:25] | Sign the paper. | 把文书签了 |
[1:38:30] | You have to sign these bankruptcy papers, honey. | 你得签这些宣告破产的文书 亲爱的 |
[1:38:33] | The notary’s right outside. Let me get her. | 公证师就在外面 我去叫她 |
[1:38:40] | You’re gonna have to move out of your house immediately. | 你得立即搬出你的房子 |
[1:38:43] | You’re gonna have to move into an apartment. | 你得搬去公寓住 |
[1:38:45] | Maybe you can move into a room in Trudy’s house. | 也许能搬进特鲁迪家的一间房间 |
[1:38:47] | With the children? | 和孩子们一起? |
[1:38:48] | Yeah. You have room. | 对 你有空房间 |
[1:38:51] | She’s my daughter. Why not? | 她是我的女儿 有什么不行的呢? |
[1:38:53] | Let’s talk about it. | 我们谈谈吧 |
[1:38:56] | Trudy, we have to offer her something. | 特鲁迪 我们得给她点什么 |
[1:38:57] | Again? | 还要给? |
[1:38:58] | Why me? | 为什么要我给? |
[1:39:07] | Please sign, honey. | 请签名 亲爱的 |
[1:39:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:39:40] | Mimi said you were the one born to help carry the family to success. | 太婆说你是为振兴家族而生的人 |
[1:39:48] | No, Cristy. Mimi was wrong. | 不 克里斯蒂 太婆错了 |
[1:39:52] | The world does not give you opportunities. | 世界不给你机会 |
[1:39:55] | The world destroys your opportunity and it breaks your heart. | 世界毁了你的机会 让你伤心欲绝 |
[1:40:00] | I should have listened to my mother when I was 10 years old. | 我十岁的时候就该听我妈妈的话 |
[1:40:04] | I should have spent the rest of my life… | 我就该像我妈妈一样 |
[1:40:06] | watching TV and hiding from the world like my mother. | 在看电视和逃避世界中度过一生 |
[1:40:10] | So I don’t wanna hear any more about Mimi. | 所以我不想再听到太婆说的话了 |
[1:40:13] | She was wrong. | 她错了 |
[1:40:14] | She had her head in the clouds and it was full of stupid ideas. | 她异想天开 脑子里都是些愚蠢的想法 |
[1:40:18] | And it gave me stupid ideas. | 致使我也有了愚蠢的想法 |
[1:40:22] | Like this. | 就像这个 |
[1:40:26] | This stupid, stupid idea! | 这个愚蠢 愚蠢的想法! |
[1:40:31] | Mommy, don’t tear them! No! | 妈咪 不要撕掉它们!不要! |
[1:40:56] | Cristy, I’m so sorry. | 克里斯蒂 我非常抱歉 |
[1:40:58] | I’m sorry, Cristy. | 抱歉 克里斯蒂 |
[1:41:00] | I’m so sorry. | 我非常抱歉 |
[1:41:02] | Please go to bed. Everybody just go to bed. | 去睡觉吧 大家都去睡觉吧 |
[1:41:06] | Good night, Mommy. | 晚安 妈咪 |
[1:41:07] | Good night, sweetheart. Just go to bed. | 晚安 甜心 去睡觉吧 |
[1:41:12] | I’m so sorry I failed you, Joy. I’m so sorry. | 让你失望了 我非常抱歉 乔伊 我非常抱歉 |
[1:41:15] | Just, just don’t. | 别 别说了 |
[1:42:48] | Joy? Joy? | 乔伊?乔伊? |
[1:42:51] | Joy, where are you? | 乔伊 你在哪里? |
[1:42:55] | Joy, where are you? | 乔伊 你在哪里? |
[1:44:10] | It’s open. | 门开着 |
[1:44:19] | You can leave the door open. | 你可以开着门 |
[1:44:46] | No one knows I’m here. | 没人知道我在这里 |
[1:44:49] | You don’t even know who I am. | 你甚至都不知道我是谁 |
[1:44:52] | I could be Derek Markham or I might be someone Derek Markham sent to handle you. | 我可能是德里克马卡姆 或是他派来搞定你的人 |
[1:44:58] | You have no case. | 你没办法起诉我们 |
[1:45:00] | Maybe people think you came to Dallas in despair to take your own life… | 也许人们认为你来达拉斯 是急于结束自己的生命 |
[1:45:04] | because you were in such deep financial trouble suddenly from your little venture. | 因为你在野心勃勃的冒险途中 突然陷入了财务困境 |
[1:45:16] | I made a phone call this morning to Hong Kong. | 我今早打了通电话去香港 |
[1:45:20] | It was 1:00 a.m. in California but it was 5:00 p.m. the following afternoon in Hong Kong. | 当时是加利福尼亚的凌晨一点 但已经是香港的第二天下午五点 |
[1:45:25] | I always think it’s amazing how time works like that. | 我总是觉得时差很神奇 |
[1:45:31] | And I was fortunate enough to get on the phone with Mr. Christopher… | 我有幸与克里斯托夫先生通上了电话 |
[1:45:34] | who I found to be very friendly, which was surprising… | 他很友善 挺出乎意料 |
[1:45:38] | because I really haven’t found the gentlemen in California to be very nice… | 因为我没在加利福尼亚 遇到一个友好的先生 |
[1:45:41] | considering we’re all in business together. | 考虑到我们还有生意往来 |
[1:45:43] | Welcome to the world of business, I guess. | 欢迎来到生意场吧 我想 |
[1:45:48] | I told Mr. Christopher that the reason that I was calling… | 我告诉克里斯托夫先生 我打电话是来 |
[1:45:51] | was to discuss the differences in the designs of our products. | 探讨我们产品之间的设计差异 |
[1:45:55] | But I quickly learned that Mr. Christopher has no idea… | 但是我很快意识到克里斯托夫先生 并不知道 |
[1:46:00] | if his Hong Kong patent for a self-wringing mop is worth anything or if it even works. | 他的自己拧干拖把的香港专利是否值钱 甚至也不知道是否起作用 |
[1:46:07] | Because they have not made or sold a single mop. | 因为他们没有生产或卖出一根拖把 |
[1:46:12] | Unlike us, who have sold over 200,000. | 不像我们 卖出了超过二十万根 |
[1:46:17] | And I’ve paid you over $50,000 in advanced royalties… | 而且我付了你五万多的专利费 |
[1:46:22] | on behalf of Mr. Christopher. | 以付给克里斯托夫的名义 |
[1:46:24] | Blood money from my family and my second mortgage. | 那是我家人的血汗钱和 我二次抵押房产筹得的钱 |
[1:46:30] | Turns out Mr. Christopher doesn’t know anything about those royalties. | 结果发现克里斯托夫先生对专利费 并不知情 |
[1:46:35] | So it seems… | 所以似乎 |
[1:46:37] | we have a case of fraud and embezzlement. | 我们能以诈骗罪和私吞公款罪起诉你了 |
[1:46:44] | And, as if that weren’t bad enough… | 如果这还不算糟的话 |
[1:46:48] | I also discovered in the paperwork that our mops actually don’t bear any similarities. | 我还发现我们的拖把专利书 并无相似之处 |
[1:46:54] | So I never did owe you any royalties for your patent. | 所以我从没有欠你任何专利费 |
[1:46:58] | That’s another case of fraud. | 这是另一项欺诈 |
[1:47:01] | My lawyers really could go after you, but I told them, “Give me a day.” | 我的律师可以拿下你 但我跟他们说:“给我一天时间” |
[1:47:07] | To see if maybe you might’ve made a mistake… | 看你有没有可能补救 |
[1:47:15] | that you would correct, given the chance. | 你犯的错误 给你个机会 |
[1:47:33] | We’ll pay you back all the royalties you paid us. | 我们会把你付的专利费退给你 |
[1:47:41] | I’ll give you $20,000 on top of paying you back the 50. | 除了你付的五万 我再付你两万 |
[1:47:58] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[1:48:00] | I’ll give you $50,000 on top of paying you back the 50. | 除了你付的五万 我再付你五万 |
[1:48:16] | Plus interest. | 加上利息 |
[1:48:23] | I want all of my molds back. | 我想要回我的所有模具 |
[1:48:26] | I want you to sign this piece of paper… | 我要你在这份文书上签上 |
[1:48:29] | saying that you have no rights, financially. | 你没有任何权利分成 |
[1:48:34] | I’m just gonna add… I said the 50… | 我再添上 我说的那五万 |
[1:48:39] | plus the 50… | 加上五万 |
[1:48:43] | plus the interest. | 再加上利息 |
[1:48:46] | So I just want you to initial next to those two numbers as well. | 我想让你在那两个数字旁 签上你的姓名缩写 |
[1:48:56] | So just sign there. | 签在这里 |
[1:49:06] | She put up with just about anything. | 她一直在忍耐 |
[1:49:09] | Until when she had to bring the hammer down… | 直到忍无可忍时 |
[1:49:13] | she brought the hammer down. | 她重拳出击 |
[1:49:17] | She couldn’t know what was to come. | 她不知道接下来会发生什么 |
[1:49:21] | That she’d go on to make another 100 record-setting patents. | 她又申请了一个更赚钱的专利 |
[1:49:26] | Skinny velvet hangers make neater closets. | 细天鹅绒衣架 让衣柜更整洁 |
[1:49:29] | That’s a big deal to a lot of people. | 这对很多人来说是了不起的发明 |
[1:49:33] | I mean, who thinks of things like that? | 谁会想到这些? |
[1:49:36] | Joy did. | 乔伊想到了 |
[1:49:42] | She didn’t know any of this would happen as she walked down the street that day. | 她那天走在街上的时候并不知道 这些会发生 |
[1:49:48] | Yes, sir, tonight’s the night for Ol’ Saint Nick to make his yearly visit… | 是的 先生 今晚是圣诞老人走访 |
[1:49:52] | to all the folks all over the world. | 全世界人民的一年一度旅行之夜 |
[1:49:54] | There’s fun and expectation in every house across the land. | 每一座房子都其乐融融充满了期待 |
[1:49:58] | And speaking of houses, what do you say we take a little look-in on a typical one? | 说到房子 你说我们要不要瞧瞧这一座? |
[1:50:05] | Now I’ll admit that what you see right now is just a small piece of the front of the house… | 我得说你现在看到的 只是这座房子前廊的一小部分 |
[1:50:11] | but all you grownups and kids alike, this is the time for Santa’s magic… | 所有成年人和小孩都一样 这是圣诞老人的魔法时刻 |
[1:50:14] | so I think we can make it become a real house. | 我想我们能把它变成一座真正的房子 |
[1:50:19] | Even a house with love in it. | 甚至变成一座满是爱的房子 |
[1:50:20] | Mr. Santa Claus, can we have a little snow, please? | 圣诞老人先生 能给我们下点雪吗? |
[1:50:25] | Thank you. That’s fine. | 谢谢 很美 |
[1:50:28] | Now, Santa, let me see what it really looks like inside this house. | 圣诞老人 让我看看这座房子的 真实内景 |
[1:51:01] | She couldn’t know that one day she would move into a big beautiful home. | 她不知道有一天 能搬进一座漂亮的大房子 |
[1:51:08] | Her mother was happy. | 她的母亲很高兴 |
[1:51:11] | She remained close to her, and with the rest of her family… | 她和她母亲一直保持亲密联系 而她和其他家庭成员的关系 |
[1:51:15] | which was, as always, complicated. | 一直都很复杂 |
[1:51:20] | She would pay for products made by Rudy, Trudy, and Peggy. | 她会为鲁迪、特鲁迪和佩吉 研发的产品付钱 |
[1:51:26] | Even when they failed. | 即使他们研发失败了 |
[1:51:28] | Even when they wrongly sued for ownership of her company. | 即使他们不厚道地起诉 争她公司的所属权 |
[1:51:34] | As Rudy got older, Joy continued to take care of him and love him. | 鲁迪一天天变老 乔伊一直照顾他、爱他 |
[1:51:45] | As Neil Walker predicted, Joy did become a whole new business. | 正如尼尔沃克预见的那样 乔伊的确创下了一番新事业 |
[1:51:51] | And even outgrew Q VC. | 甚至比QVC都发展得好 |
[1:51:53] | – She’s talking to her children. – Is T ony in there? | –她在和她孩子谈话 –托尼在吗? |
[1:51:55] | Yes, T ony’s in there. The family’s in there. | 是的 托尼在 一家都在 |
[1:51:57] | Her ex-husband and her best friend would remain her steadfast advisers. | 她的前夫和她最好的朋友 一直都是她坚强的后盾 |
[1:52:03] | Please be patient. | 请耐心等候 |
[1:52:10] | I love you. You guys go and pack your rooms. | 我爱你 你们去收拾房间 |
[1:52:12] | – Good night, Mom. – I love you. | –晚安 妈妈 –我爱你 |
[1:52:23] | – Hi. – Hi. | –嗨 –嗨 |
[1:52:24] | – Welcome. – Thank you. | –欢迎 –谢谢 |
[1:52:29] | What do you have? | 你带了什么? |
[1:52:30] | A traveling clothes cleaner. | 一个旅行用的衣服清洁器 |
[1:52:32] | Let’s see it. | 让我们瞧瞧 |
[1:52:34] | So you’re from Memphis? | 你来自孟菲斯吗? |
[1:52:35] | Yes, I am. | 对 我是 |
[1:52:36] | You work as a waitress? | 你是服务生? |
[1:52:38] | Yes, ma’am. | 对 夫人 |
[1:52:39] | All right. Let’s see it. | 好 让我们瞧瞧 |
[1:52:43] | You made this yourself? | 你自己做的? |
[1:52:44] | Yes, I did, ma’am. | 对 我做的 夫人 |
[1:52:46] | I made my first invention myself, too. | 我的第一项发明也是我自己做的 |
[1:52:50] | I like this, it’s a very good design. | 我喜欢这个 设计的很好 |
[1:52:52] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:52:53] | Can you stay an extra day, meet with our designers? | 你能多待一天 见见我们的设计师吗? |
[1:52:57] | No, because of your boss? | 不行 是因为你老板不同意吗? |
[1:52:59] | What hotel are you staying in right now? | 你现在待在哪个酒店? |
[1:53:01] | – The Holiday Inn, ma’am. – Holiday Inn. | –假日酒店 夫人 –假日酒店 |
[1:53:03] | Let’s move them over to the Radisson, get them a suite. | 把他们转到雷迪森 弄间套房 |
[1:53:05] | You’ll be more comfortable with your baby. | 你和孩子会待得更舒服 |
[1:53:07] | I’ll call your boss and get it taken care of, give you an extra day… | 我会给你老板打电话 让他给你多放一天假 |
[1:53:10] | so that tomorrow you can come in, meet with the designers. | 这样你明天就能来见设计师了 |
[1:53:13] | – We can take it step by step, all right? – Thank you. | –我们一步一步来 好吗? –谢谢 |
[1:53:15] | We’ll work on your idea, see if we can do something. | 我们会继续探讨你的设想 看看我们能做什么 |
[1:53:16] | This means so much to me. | 这对我意义非凡 |
[1:53:18] | I know what it feels like. | 我知道这感觉 |
[1:53:20] | I know what it feels like to be in that chair. | 我知道坐在那张椅子上的感觉 |
[1:53:23] | – We’ll see you tomorrow, okay? – Thank you, ma’am. | –我们明天见 好吗? –谢谢 夫人 |
[1:53:25] | And good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[1:53:27] | – Thank you for coming. – Thank you. | –谢谢你们能来 –谢谢 |
[1:53:28] | – Go get the next person, Tony. – Okay. | –去叫下一个人 托尼 –好的 |
[1:53:31] | Neil. | 尼尔 |
[1:53:35] | Sorry, we have legal stuff with Barry, now. | 抱歉 我们现在和巴里有法律纠纷 |
[1:53:40] | Yes, we do. | 是的 我们有 |
[1:53:43] | Here we are. | 终于到这一天了 |
[1:53:47] | Adversaries in commerce. | 生意上的对手 |
[1:53:50] | Adversaries in commerce. | 生意上的对手 |
[1:53:53] | – And friends. – Yes. | –也是朋友 –没错 |
[1:53:56] | And friends. | 也是朋友 |
[1:53:58] | I’m gonna tell you something but you didn’t hear it from me. | 我要告诉你些事 但别说是我说的 |
[1:54:01] | I don’t know who you are or what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你是谁 也不知道你在说什么 |
[1:54:03] | That’s what I wanted to hear. | 这就是我想听的 |
[1:54:07] | Barry’s gonna come after you, hard. | 巴里要告你 狠狠地告 |
[1:54:09] | But that’s just business. That’s the way Barry is. He’s a negotiator. | 但只是生意 巴里就是这样的人 他是谈判家 |
[1:54:12] | Ultimately, he needs you. | 归根结底 他需要你 |
[1:54:15] | He’s buying HSN. | 他要买下HSN |
[1:54:18] | It’s all about HSN now, and he wants you to come with him. | HSN势头正好 他想让你和他一起干 |
[1:54:24] | He needs you. | 他需要你 |
[1:54:26] | You’re going to be very big over there. | 你在那里会担任要职 |
[1:54:29] | That’s what’s going to happen. | 这就是接下来会发生的事 |
[1:54:31] | But, you didn’t hear it from me, right? | 但是 别说是我说的 好吧? |
[1:54:35] | No, I sure didn’t. But thank you. | 好 肯定不会 但谢谢你 |
[1:54:42] | It’s nice to see you. | 见到你真好 |
[1:54:44] | It’s good to see you. | 见到你真好 |
[1:54:48] | I’ll see you around, pal. | 再见 朋友 |
[1:54:50] | Yeah. | 再见 |
[1:54:59] | It’s been a long journey. | 一路走来不容易啊 |
[1:55:01] | Yes, it has. | 没错 是不容易 |
[1:55:02] | I’m proud of you. | 我为你骄傲 |
[1:55:03] | Thank you, Neil. | 谢谢 尼尔 |
[1:55:38] | This right here, this is a special power. | 就是这里 这是个超能力 |
[1:55:44] | This is a special power. | 这是个超能力 |
[1:55:50] | And then I started to build my very own house… | 然后我开始造我自己的房子 |
[1:55:55] | where I would live and make wonderful creations… | 我会住在那里 然后创造很多美好的东西 |
[1:55:58] | for all the world to see and love. | 让全世界都看到和拥有 |
[1:56:07] | She didn’t know any of this would happen… | 她走在街上的那天 |
[1:56:10] | as she walked that day. | 并不知道这些会发生 |