英文名称:Journey to the Center of the Earth
年代:2008
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:08] | Trevor! | 特雷弗 |
[01:14] | Max. | 马克斯 |
[01:42] | Whoa, whoa. | 噢 噢 |
[01:46] | Although Wegener was ridiculed by the scientific community | 尽管韦格纳曾经被整个科学界嘲笑 |
[01:49] | he was eventually found to be correct | 他提出了存在一个叫Pangaea的原始超大陆理论 |
[01:52] | in his theory of an original supercontinent called Pangaea. | 最终被证实是正确的 |
[01:56] | Yeah. Okay. | 哦 好吧 |
[02:03] | Ah. Come to papa. | 哦 到老爸这来 |
[02:07] | Hey, Leonard. | 嘿 伦纳德 |
[02:10] | Hey, man. | 嘿 |
[02:12] | -Dude, you ain’t gonna be happy. -Why? | -哥们 你一会就要不开心了 -为什么? |
[02:15] | -It’s Kitzens. -I see. | -Kitzens在这儿 -我知道了 |
[02:18] | -Hello. -Trevor, there’s my favorite colleague. | -你好 -特雷弗 你可是我最喜欢的同事 |
[02:21] | -How are you, Alan? -I’m good. | -你还好吗 艾伦? -我很好 |
[02:23] | -How’s that Con Drift class of yours going? -Fine. | -你那反漂移论的课怎么样了? -还好 |
[02:25] | Does it get echoey in there with so few students? | 学生那么少 教室里能听到回声吗? |
[02:30] | So, what do you got on the books? I’m kind of busy here. | 你到底有什么事 我这有点忙 |
[02:32] | No, no, I can see how busy you are. | 不 不 我知道你有多忙 |
[02:35] | So I’ll try to be as quick as possible here. | 所以我就说快点 |
[02:39] | The university is pulling the plug on your brother’s lab. | 学校现在正在拔你哥哥实验室的插头 |
[02:42] | Pulling the plug? | 拔插头? |
[02:44] | Yeah, it’s gonna finally give us all the storage space we need. | 是的 最终我们会得到我们需要的储藏空间 |
[02:47] | Let’s get something straight here, this facility is dedicated | 那我们有话就直说吧 这些设备都是专门用来 |
[02:50] | to the research of Maxwell Anderson’s theories predicting the volcanic fissures | 研究马克斯·威尔·安德森的火山裂口理论的 |
[02:54] | Which have never been proven. | 可那从来没有被证明过 |
[02:56] | I mean, how many of your late brother’s sensors are even still active? One, two? | 我是说 你哥哥的传感器还有几个是能用的? 一个 两个? |
[03:01] | -Three. -It used to be 29. | -三个 -曾经是有29个的 |
[03:02] | This is the wrong time to shut us down. | 现在不是关闭我们实验室的时候 |
[03:05] | I have got seismic activity in Bolivia. I got a 13 millimeter shift in Mongolia. | 我在玻利维亚测到了地震的活动 我在蒙古测到了13毫米的移动 |
[03:10] | Alan, you can’t shut us down. Keep the lab open. | 艾伦 你不能关了实验室 让它继续开着吧 |
[03:12] | -It’s all I’ve got left of Max. -It’s been 10 years since Max, Trevor. | -这是马克斯最后留给我的东西 -马克斯已经研究十年了 特雷弗 |
[03:17] | I am sorry about all this. I really am. | 对这一切 我感到很抱歉 真的很抱歉 |
[03:34] | Trevor, are you there? It’s Elizabeth. | 特雷弗 你在听吗? 我是伊丽莎白 |
[03:36] | Pick up, please. | 快接电话 拜托啦 |
[03:38] | Okay. Well, uh, we are on the 95, and we’re heading your way. | 好吧 嗯 我们现在正在95大街 我们正往你家去呢 |
[03:42] | You wanna say hi to your Uncle Trevor, Sean? | 你要跟特雷弗叔叔打招呼吗 肖恩? |
[03:45] | No. | 不 |
[03:46] | -Just say hello. -No. | -就打个招呼 -不会吧 |
[03:48] | -I don’t want to. -Oh, no. | -我才不想呢 -哦 不会吧 |
[03:51] | Hey, it’s your sister-in-law again. | 嘿 又是我 你弟媳 |
[03:53] | Just wanted to make sure what time you’d be home | 我只是想确定一下你什么时候在家 |
[03:56] | because we’ll be there around 6. | 因为我们大概六点钟到 |
[03:58] | Okay. Well, we’ll be on my cell. | 好吧 嗯 我们电话联系吧 |
[04:00] | -Oh, boy. -Sean’s looking forward to seeing you. | -哦 天啊 -肖恩很期待见到你啊 |
[04:04] | I’m getting worried that we might’ve gotten our signals crossed. | 我担心我们是不是看错路标了 |
[04:07] | Please call me. | 给我回电话 |
[04:10] | I’m not home. Leave me a message. | 我不在家 给我留个话吧 |
[04:11] | Trevor, we’re pulling up in front of your building. | 特雷弗 我们现在在你家门口停下了 |
[04:25] | Trevor, you in there? | 特雷弗 你在里面吗? |
[04:29] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[04:31] | -Hey. -How are you, Elizabeth? | -嘿 -你好啊 伊丽莎白 |
[04:33] | -Oh, you’re home. -It’s so good to see you. | -哦 你在家啊 -见到你太好了 |
[04:35] | You too. | 我也很高兴见到你 |
[04:37] | -How are you? I just got your messages. -Uh-huh. | -你还好吧 我刚刚收到你的留言 -啊哈 |
[04:41] | -You forgot, didn’t you? -I didn’t forget. | -你忘记了 是吧? -我没忘 |
[04:44] | How could I forget? | 我怎么会忘记呢 |
[04:46] | -You didn’t forget? -I | -你真的没忘记? -我 |
[04:50] | I forgot. It doesn’t mean I haven’t been | 我忘了 这并不代表 |
[04:53] | looking forward to time with my nephew. | 我不盼望跟我的侄子呆在一起啊 |
[04:55] | I mean I haven’t seen him since he was 9? | 从他9岁起 我就没见过他了吧? |
[04:57] | -Seven. -Wow. Ha-ha. | -7岁 -哦 哈哈 |
[04:59] | So how long is he gonna be staying again? | 那他这次又要在这呆多久? |
[05:02] | -Ten days. -Is that what we said? | -十天 -我们是这样定的吗? |
[05:04] | Hey, Sean. How are you? | 嘿 肖恩 你怎么样啊? |
[05:08] | Looking good. | 看上去不错啊 |
[05:10] | -Is that one of those Game Boys? -It’s a PSP. | -那是个Game Boy吗? -这是PSP |
[05:13] | -Cool. -Sean, get up, say hi to your uncle. | -很酷 -肖恩 快起来 跟你叔叔打招呼 |
[05:19] | Hi to your uncle. | 跟你问好了 |
[05:23] | Last time I saw you, you were about this high. | 上次我见你的时候 你大概就这么高 |
[05:27] | -Oh! Ha-ha. -Yeah, good one. | -哦 哈哈哈 -玩的不错 |
[05:32] | You got that? Okay, you’ve got all my numbers. | 拿好了吗? 好的 你有我所有的联系电话 |
[05:34] | You’ve got your ticket and passport in your bag. | 你包里有你的机票和护照 |
[05:37] | I will be there to pick you up in Ottawa. | 我会在渥太华接你的 |
[05:39] | And by then I’ll have found us a house and we can start on this big new adventure. | 那时候我已经找好了房子我们就可以开始我们全新的冒险了 |
[05:43] | -Pretty exciting stuff, huh? -Yeah, it’s great. | -很让人激动的事情吧 啊? -是啊 是很不错 |
[05:45] | We get to be Canadians. Thrilling, eh? | 我们就要变成加拿大人了 真令人激动 啊? |
[05:50] | Just let yourself in. | 自己进去吧 |
[05:53] | -It will be good for him, being with you. -Yeah. | -跟你在一块 对他有好处 -是啊 |
[05:57] | Who knows? Maybe it will be good for you too. | 谁知道呢 也许对你也有好处呢 |
[06:04] | This is for you. | 这是给你的 |
[06:06] | What? Is this Sean’s? | 什么? 这是肖恩的吗? |
[06:07] | No, it’s Max’s. | 不是 是马克斯的 |
[06:09] | -Max’s? -Yeah. | -马克斯的? -是的 |
[06:28] | So, hey, dude. This is gonna be fun. | 嘿 哥们儿 这会很有意思的 |
[06:32] | A couple of dudes hanging out. | 一对兄弟呆在一块 |
[06:34] | Five days, maybe a week. | 五天 或者一个星期 |
[06:35] | You know, doing dude stuff, what dudes do. | 你知道 做一些哥们儿才做的事情 |
[06:39] | You like baseball? You know what we should do? | 你喜欢棒球吗? 你知道我们应该干什么吗? |
[06:41] | We should go get in a batting cage. | 我们应该去棒球练习场 |
[06:44] | Yeah, okay, listen. I don’t like this any more than you do. | 哦 好吧 听着 我并不比你更喜欢这样 |
[06:47] | As long as you keep the frig stocked with Mountain Dew | 只要你在冰箱装满家酿威士忌 |
[06:49] | and TiVo Family Guy, we’ll get along fine. | 然后有TiVo游戏机 我们就能相处的很好 |
[06:53] | -Sure. -Oh, wow. | -好的 -哦 |
[06:55] | -That’s an awesome coin collection. -Oh. | -真是不错的硬币收藏 -恩 |
[06:58] | Well, kind of a pet project of mine. | 恩 差不多就像我的宠物一样 |
[07:01] | -Yeah, it’s really nifty. -Thanks. | -真可爱 -谢谢 |
[07:05] | You hungry? We could order in, you know. | 你饿了吗? 我们可以叫外卖的 |
[07:08] | Maybe some pizza, Chinese, Thai food? | 要披萨 中国菜 泰国菜? |
[07:12] | Subs? Or something like that? | 潜艇堡? 还是别的? |
[07:16] | -Wow. -What’s that? | -噢 -那是什么? |
[07:18] | Well, it’s a box of possessions of a really great guy. | 哦 这盒东西属于一个很伟大的人 |
[07:25] | Your dad. | 你爸爸 |
[07:29] | His old ball glove. | 他以前的棒球手套 |
[07:33] | Mom doesn’t talk about him very much. | 我妈不是经常谈起他 |
[07:35] | Well, you can take my word for it. | 好的 那我向你保证 |
[07:37] | He was one of those few people | 他是一个做每件事情 |
[07:39] | who are just exceptional at everything they do. | 都会显得与别人不一样的人 |
[07:46] | Ooh. You see this? This was your old man’s PSP. | 喔 看到这个了吗? 这个是你老爸的PSP |
[07:52] | -A yo-yo? -Don’t be dissing the yo-yo. | -一个溜溜球? -可别看不起溜溜球 |
[07:54] | This is physics at work. You got your centrifugal force. | 这可是有物理学原理的 你感受到地球引力 |
[07:56] | Your gravitational pull, you got your potential energy. | 你感受到重力的牵引 你发现自己的潜能 |
[07:59] | And in ancient times, did you know | 你知道吗? 在远古时代 |
[08:01] | that this was actually used as a hunting implement? | 这个可是用来做捕猎工具的 |
[08:05] | Watch. | 看着 |
[08:09] | -Hey, here, let me try. -Yeah, you should probably take it. | -嘿 拿给我 让我试一下 -是 你应该试一下 |
[08:18] | I have no idea what this is. | 我完全不知道这是什么 |
[08:24] | Hello. | 好 |
[08:28] | This was his favorite book. | 这曾经是他最爱读的书 |
[08:30] | Jules Verne’s A Journey to the Center of the Earth. | 儒勒·凡尔纳的 地心之旅 |
[08:36] | You know, I think that was on my summer reading list once. | 我觉得有一次我的暑假阅读书单上有过这本书 |
[08:39] | -I never got to it. -That’s too bad, it’s a good read. | -我从没读过 -那太可惜了 这是本好书 |
[08:43] | To him, it wasn’t just science fiction, it was inspiration. | 对他来说 这可不只是本科幻小说 这是灵感的来源 |
[08:49] | He used to read this to me when I was a really little kid. | 他曾经在我很小的时候给我念这本书 |
[08:55] | Hello. What are these notes? | 这些是什么笔记? |
[09:04] | “Magma temperatures reach 1150 in Mongolia”? | 蒙古的岩浆到达1150度 |
[09:11] | “Bolivia.” | 玻利维亚 |
[09:13] | “Hawaii.” | 夏威夷 |
[09:18] | Look out! | 小心 |
[09:26] | Hey, Sean, let’s go check out my lab. | 嘿 肖恩 我们去我的实验室看看 |
[09:30] | So it couldn’t wait for tomorrow? | 不能等到明天吗? |
[09:32] | Your dad used to say: | 你爸爸曾经说过 |
[09:33] | “Tectonophysics is the science of now, not tomorrow.” | 地壳构造学是研究现在的科学 而不是研究将来的 |
[09:36] | It’s about seismic events that occur in an instant. | 震惊世界的事情总是一瞬间就发生 |
[09:39] | Here, look at this. | 这儿 看这个 |
[09:42] | You got Hawaii, Bolivia, Mongolia. | 你能看到夏威夷 玻利维亚 蒙古 |
[09:46] | And the conditions today are almost exactly what they were in July ’97. | 现在这里的情况跟97年七月的情况完全一样 |
[09:49] | What’s the big deal about July ’97? | 97年七月发生什么大事了吗? |
[09:51] | Sean, that was the year that your dad went missing. | 肖恩 你爸爸是在那一年失踪的 |
[09:54] | Now, look, you see this column of numbers here? | 现在 看 你看到这一栏的数字了吗? |
[09:58] | If the 753, right here, was a 752, then it would be | 如果这里的753 能变成752的话 那么 |
[10:10] | Exactly the same. | 完全一样啊 |
[10:13] | What do these little blips mean? | 这些小亮点是什么意思? |
[10:17] | Don’t touch anything. Those little blips are my life’s work. | 什么都别碰 那些小亮点是我一生工作的成果 |
[10:20] | These four little blips are your entire life’s work? | 这四个小亮点是你一生的工作? |
[10:23] | Three. Three little blips. | 三个 有三个小亮点 |
[10:27] | One, two, three, four. | 一 二 三 四 |
[10:36] | Iceland. | 冰岛 |
[10:38] | This makes sense. | 这是说得通的 |
[10:39] | Max saw the readings 10 years ago, and he took off to investigate. | 马克斯在十年前看到了这些指数 然后他就离开去调查 |
[10:43] | Now, if the readings are the same today as they were then | 现在 如果这些指数跟十年前完全一样的话 那么 |
[10:46] | this may be my only chance to find out what happened. | 这就是我了解到底发生了什么事情的唯一机会 |
[10:49] | -I’m gonna need your passport. -For what? | -我现在需要你的护照 -为什么? |
[10:51] | I’m sorry, I have to get you to Canada a little earlier than we planned. | 很抱歉 我要比原计划早一点把你送去加拿大 |
[10:55] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么啊? |
[10:57] | I’m talking about this. A Journey to the Center of the Earth. | 我在说这个 一次地心之旅 |
[11:03] | It’s all set in Iceland, which is where he must’ve gone. | 他肯定去了冰岛 所有的证据都指向那里 |
[11:08] | These are all my dad’s notes? | 这些是我爸爸做的笔记吗? |
[11:13] | Look | 你看 |
[11:18] | Max and I | 马克斯和我 |
[11:19] | Your dad and I were talking about the possibility of volcanic tubes existing | 你爸爸和我曾经讨论过是否存在一条 |
[11:24] | that went down past the mantle, towards the center of the earth. | 穿过地幔通往地心的火山通道 |
[11:28] | And that’s what I think he went looking for. | 我想他就是去找那个去了 |
[11:31] | I’m Sorry, but I gotta put you on a flight to Ottawa in the morning. | 我很抱歉 但是明天上午我必须把你送上去渥太华的飞机 |
[11:34] | -And I’m calling Icelandair. -No, no, look. | -而我要给冰岛航空打电话 -不行 不行 你看 |
[11:37] | -Hey. -I just got here, okay? | -嘿 -我才刚到这儿 好吗? |
[11:39] | You’re not gonna go and ditch me. | 你不能把我抛下就离开 |
[11:41] | I was the person who found your life’s work fourth little blip thingy in the first place. | 是我首先发现了你一生工作中的那第四个亮点 |
[11:45] | -This is my brother we’re talking about. -It’s my dad. | -我们现在讨论的可是我的哥哥 -那是我爸爸 |
[11:48] | Now, I don’t have to be in Ottawa for 10 days. I’m going with you. | 好 我十天之内不用去渥太华 我要跟你走 |
[11:51] | You know how much it cost to book a last-minute flight to Reykjavik? | 你知道订一张最近的去Reykjavik的机票是多少钱吗? |
[11:54] | Something tells me you got it covered. | 我猜你是付得起的 |
[12:09] | “Descend, bold traveler, into the crater of the jokul of Sneffels | 下来 勇敢的旅人 进到Sneffels雪山的火山口来 |
[12:13] | which the shadow of scarpside touches before the kalends of July | 悬崖的阴影将在七月初一之前笼罩你 |
[12:17] | and you will attain the center of the Earth.” | 然后你将会到达地球的中心 |
[12:20] | Ooh. | 喔 |
[12:22] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[12:28] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[12:29] | I’m deciphering these notations that your father made in this book. | 我在破译你爸爸在书中做的记号 |
[12:33] | I think there’s a code behind the pairing of letters. | 我觉得每一对字母都代表一对代码 |
[12:35] | It might have something to do with the periodic table. | 可能跟元素周期表有关 |
[12:38] | For instance, I’ve got S-A, l-S, G-G. | 比如说 我找到 S-A l-S G-G |
[12:40] | I believe that P-B is on the periodic table and that’s plumbum. | 我想 P-B代表了元素周期表上的铅 |
[12:49] | What? | 什么? |
[12:55] | Oh. Uh | 哦 嗯 |
[13:02] | That’s a clue. Maybe that’s a place. | 那是条线索 也许是个地名呢 |
[13:05] | It could be a thing. | 可能是种物质 |
[13:06] | -What are you doing? -I am Googling at 30,000 feet. | -你在干什么? -我在用Google搜索 |
[13:09] | -Are you supposed to be doing that? -Welcome to the 21 st century. | -你可以那样做吗? -欢迎来到21世纪 |
[13:13] | -Okay. Here. -It’s a person. | -好了 这里 -这四个 |
[13:15] | “Sigurbjorn Asgeirsson, executive director | Sigurbjorn Asgeirsson是 |
[13:18] | of Asgeirsson Institute for Progressive Volcanology.” | Asgeirsson火山学改革论研究所的常务董事 |
[13:20] | Max would’ve known this guy. | 马克斯可能认识这个人 |
[13:22] | I knew it was a good thing to bring you. His institute has gotta be our first stop. | 我早知道带你来是件好事 我们第一站就去他的研究所了 |
[13:32] | Are we there yet? | 我们到了吗? |
[13:34] | If you mean annoying, yeah, we’re there. | 如果你说烦人 是的 我们已经到了 |
[13:37] | -You know, you’re going kind of slow. -I’m going kind of safe. | -你知道吗 你开得有点慢 -我开得很安全 |
[13:41] | I just saw a goat in the passing lane. | 我在经过的路上看见了一只山羊 |
[13:43] | When’s the whole adventure thing gonna begin? | 这次冒险什么时候才正式开始啊? |
[13:46] | Let me give you something fun to do. | 我来找点有趣的事情给你做 |
[13:48] | Navigate. | 导航 |
[13:51] | Where are we? | 我们现在在哪? |
[13:53] | Have we passed Havanschlicht? | 我们已经过了Havanschlicht吗? |
[13:58] | -Havanschlicht? -Yeah. | -Havanschlicht? -是的 |
[14:01] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[14:03] | Have we passed Eingarsstadir? | 我们过了Eingarsstadir吗? |
[14:05] | -I don’t know. -Reynivir? | -我不知道 -Reynivir呢? |
[14:07] | -I don’t know. -Husavik? | -我不知道 -Husavik呢? |
[14:08] | -No. -Grundarhol? | -不知道 -Grundarhol? |
[14:10] | -No. -Stifflarschtarder? | -不知道 -Stifflarschtarder? |
[14:12] | Stifflardschtarder? Stifflardschtarder? | |
[14:19] | -We’re definitely lost. -We’re not lost. | -我们肯定迷路了 -我们没有迷路 |
[14:22] | Just look for an institution. | 只是找个研究所 |
[14:23] | -What’s an institution look like? -I don’t know, it looks big and institutional. | -研究所长得什么样的? -我不知道 看起来很大很像研究所 |
[14:28] | It’s gotta be around here somewhere. | 应该就在这附近某个地方 |
[14:31] | Hey, look, there’s a little shack up there. We can stop there and ask for directions. | 嘿 快看 哪里有间房子 我们可以停下来问问方向 |
[14:37] | -We’re not lost. -Oh, no, definitely not. | -我们没有迷路 -噢 没有 当然没有 |
[14:44] | What’s this? A ski shack? | 这是什么? 一件滑雪的小屋? |
[14:47] | Asgeirsson “Asgeirsson | |
[14:50] | Institute for Progressive Volcanology.” | 火山学改革论研究所 |
[14:52] | I told you I’d find it. | 我告诉过你我会找到的 |
[14:54] | Alrighty. | 好吧 |
[14:55] | -Not too shabby. -All right. | -不是很破 -还好 |
[15:02] | Oh, I’m sorry, I don’t speak Icelandic. | 哦 不好意思 我不会说冰岛话 |
[15:09] | -Hi, can I help you? -Hello. | -嗨 需要什么帮助吗? -你好 |
[15:13] | -I’m Hannah. -Oh, how do you do? Hi. | -我是汉娜 -哦 你好 嗨 |
[15:15] | I’m Trev Professor Anderson. I’m visiting from America. Um | 我是特雷 我是安德森教授 我从美国来 嗯 |
[15:21] | -This is Sean, my nephew. -I’m Sean. | -这是肖恩 我侄子 -我是肖恩 |
[15:24] | Hi, Sean. | 嗨 肖恩 |
[15:26] | I was wondering if I could possibly speak with, forgive me here | 我在想 我能不能跟 嗯 不好意思 |
[15:30] | Sigurbjorn Asgeirsson? | Sigurbjorn Asgeirsson谈一谈? |
[15:32] | Um | 呃 |
[15:34] | Well, Sigurbjorn Asgeirsson is dead. | Sigurbjorn Asgeirsson已经去世了 |
[15:37] | -Dead? -Yeah, he died three winters ago. | -去世了? -是的 他三年前死的 |
[15:40] | Oh. Uh | 哦 恩 |
[15:41] | So do you run the institute? | 那现在是你在管理研究所? |
[15:43] | Nobody does. There is no institute. | 没人管理 也没有什么研究所了 |
[15:45] | -There’s a sign down the road that says -Progressive volcanology was a failed idea. | -下面有个标志说这里是 -火山学改革论失败了 |
[15:50] | Like, you know, the Berlin Wall and eight-track tapes. | 就像 你知道 柏林墙和八音轨的磁带那样 |
[15:54] | I see. | 我知道了 |
[15:56] | Well, did you work with him? | 那你是他同事吗? |
[15:58] | No, no. He was my father. | 不 不是的 他是我父亲 |
[16:04] | Yeah? I know it. What about it? | 怎么了? 我知道这件事 怎么了? |
[16:07] | Well, this book belonged to my late brother, Max. | 这本书是我已故的哥哥马克斯的 |
[16:11] | Max Anderson? | 马克斯·安德森? |
[16:12] | We believe that he may have been in contact with your father. | 我们相信他曾经联系过你父亲 |
[16:17] | -Your brother was a Vernian. -What’s a Vernian? | -你哥哥是个凡尔纳迷 -那是什么? |
[16:20] | Someone that believes that the writings of Jules Verne were actual fact. | 就是指一群相信儒勒·凡尔纳写的书是事实的人 |
[16:24] | I mean, the guy was a science fiction writer. | 我是说 那个人是个科幻小说的作家 |
[16:27] | And yet this society of believers regarded Verne like a visionary. | 但是那群人认为他是个预言家 |
[16:31] | My father was the biggest Vernian of them all. | 我爸爸是其中最大的凡尔纳迷 |
[16:34] | My brother was no Vernian. | 我哥哥才不是凡尔纳迷 |
[16:45] | This was my father’s copy. | 这是我爸爸的版本 |
[16:48] | Take a look. | 看一看吧 |
[16:52] | See, the markings are exactly the same. Your brother was a Vernian. | 看到没 这些标志都是一模一样的 你哥哥就是个凡尔纳迷 |
[16:59] | Wow, my dad was kind of out there. | 哇 看来还挺明显的 |
[17:03] | -You didn’t know him, Sean. -I’m starting to think you didn’t either. | -你根本就不了解他 肖恩 -我现在觉得可能你也不了解他 |
[17:06] | He was no member of some secret society. | 他才不是什么秘密组织的会员呢 |
[17:10] | -What are you guys doing here? -I’m a scientist, I’m a professor. | -你们这些家伙来这儿干嘛? -我是一个科学家 我是一个教授 |
[17:14] | I’m here because there are seismic sensors going off 30 klicks north of here | 我在这儿是因为地震传感器显示应该往北三十公里 |
[17:17] | that we think that we should check into. | 那里我们应该调查一下 |
[17:20] | And that’s the reason that we’re here, plain and simple. | 这就是我们来这儿的原因 简单明了 |
[17:23] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:25] | You know, there are no roads to the north. | 那你知不知道 这没有路去北边 |
[17:27] | Well | 嗯 |
[17:29] | I’m a mountain guide. I can take you there, professor. | 我是高山向导 我带你去那儿 教授 |
[17:32] | -Great. -That’s great, I love hiking. | -太棒了 -好极了 我喜欢徒步旅行 |
[17:34] | -I would appreciate that. That’d be great. -Good. | -非常感谢你这么说 真的太好了 -很好 |
[17:38] | -Call me Trevor. -You can call me Sean. | -叫我特雷弗 -你就叫我肖恩吧 |
[17:41] | So it will be 5000 kronur to go up there. | 登上顶端要5000克朗 |
[17:43] | Five grand a day? No problem. | 每天5千? 没问题 |
[17:46] | An hour. | 每小时 |
[17:49] | Do you accept rolls of quarters? | 你能按15分钟收费么? |
[18:19] | Come on, boys. I wanna be home by sundown. | 快点吧 伙计们 我还想在日落前回家呢 |
[18:24] | Hey, you think you can slow down a little bit, please? | 喂 你能不能再稍微慢一点? |
[18:35] | -Dibs. -What? | -她是我的了 -什么? |
[18:37] | I got dibs on the mountain guide. | 我要追她 |
[18:42] | -You’re 13. -Sorry, called it. | -你才13岁 -抱歉 就这么定了 |
[18:46] | -Thirteen-year-olds don’t get dibs. -Get over it. | -13岁的小孩不能谈恋爱 -忘了它吧 |
[18:58] | We’re getting closer. | 我们越来越近了 |
[19:00] | All right, just watch your step there. Mount Sneffels is deceptively treacherous. | 很好 小心行事 Sneffels非常危险 |
[19:04] | -What’s Sneffels? -Well, why don’t you tell him, professor? | -什么是Sneffels? -嗯 你干嘛不告诉他呢 教授? |
[19:07] | Sneffels is the name of the mountain where this character Liedenbrock | Sneffels是一座山的名字 就是书里人物Liedenbrock |
[19:12] | apparently found a portal to the center of the Earth. | 找到去地心的入口的地方 |
[19:16] | Let’s just find that sensor of yours, professor. | 我们快来找你的探测器吧 教授 |
[19:18] | There it is. | 找到了 |
[19:21] | Yes. | 是它 |
[19:23] | Well, what do you need to do with it? | 你需要怎么弄? |
[19:25] | I gotta unlock it. It’s got, like, a black box | 我必须开锁 然后得到一个类似黑匣子的东西 |
[19:30] | that has recorded all of the seismic activity | 它记录了这10年所发生的 |
[19:32] | that’s transpired in the last 10 years. | 所有的地震活动 |
[19:35] | Could tell me a lot about Max. | 能告诉我马克斯怎么了 |
[19:37] | And what he was doing when he went missing. | 还有她失踪时在做什么 |
[19:39] | Trevor, I’m really sorry, we’re gonna have to go now. | 特雷弗 抱歉 我看我们现在得走了 |
[19:42] | Must be corroded. | 一定是被侵蚀了 |
[19:44] | Trevor, we need to Whoa. | 特雷弗 我们得 哇 |
[19:50] | Okay, we need to take cover. Come on, Sean. Right now. | 好吧 我们得躲一下 快来 肖恩 快 |
[19:54] | I’ll be right there. | 我马上就去 |
[19:55] | -Trevor, just leave it for now. -I’ve almost got it. | -特雷弗 别管它了 -我马上就拔出来了 |
[19:59] | We need to take cover now. | 我们现在就得避一下 |
[20:03] | Come on. Trevor. | 快来 特雷弗 |
[20:04] | -Uncle Trevor. -Get in here. | -特雷弗叔叔 -快进来 |
[20:07] | -Yes. Oh! -Watch out. | -好了 噢! -小心! |
[20:11] | Hurry up. Come on. | 赶紧 快来 |
[20:13] | Trevor, the sensor’s attracting the lightning. | 特雷弗 探测器会引来闪电 |
[20:16] | -Drop it. Drop the sensor. -What? I’m not gonna drop it. | -快扔掉 扔了探测器 -什么? 我还打算留着呢 |
[20:19] | Hurry! It’s attracting the lightning! | 快! 它会引来闪电! |
[20:40] | Trevor? | 特雷弗? |
[20:44] | -Trevor? -I’m all right. | -特雷弗? -我没事 |
[20:50] | Sean? | 肖恩? |
[20:52] | -Sean, you all right? -I’m good. | -肖恩 你还好吗? -我很好 |
[21:01] | -Okay, everybody, just stay calm. -Guys, come on, you gotta help me dig. | -大家都保持冷静 -伙计们 快来 帮我一起挖 |
[21:07] | Come on. | 加油 |
[21:15] | -Forget it, it’s no use. -Forget it? | -算了吧 没用的 -算了? |
[21:20] | She’s right. | 她说的没错 |
[21:22] | There must be about 60 or 70 tons of boulders on top of us. | 我们上边大约有60或70吨的石块 |
[21:27] | Take us about a month to dig out of here. | 我们得挖一个月才能出去 |
[21:31] | -We have to find another way. -What if there is no other way? | -我们得找个别的路出去 -那如果没有怎么办? |
[21:35] | There’s always another way, Sean. | 总会有的 肖恩 |
[21:39] | What else have you got? | 你还带了什么? |
[21:40] | Signal flares, first aid, some rope, blankets and a couple of protein bars. | 信号弹 急救品 绳子 毛毯 还有几个蛋白质棒 |
[21:45] | But they’re on a ration. | 但是很有限 |
[21:47] | -Don’t know how long we’ll be trapped for. -Trapped? Is that what we are? | -不知道我们要被困多久 -被困? 是指我们现在吗? |
[21:53] | She No, she didn’t mean that. | 她 不 她不是那个意思 |
[21:56] | -Sean, hey, what are you doing? -God, I’m not getting any service. | -肖恩 喂 你在干嘛? -天 我这儿没有信号 |
[22:00] | Sean, you’re not gonna get any signal down here, okay? | 肖恩 你在这儿得不到任何信号 好吗? |
[22:03] | Put this away. Okay, don’t worry about it. | 把它收起来 别担心 |
[22:05] | -We’ll find another way out, all right? -Okay. | -我们一定能找到别的出路 好吗? -好 |
[22:10] | One of these might snake back to the surface. | 这其中的一条路可能会回到表面 |
[22:12] | How do we know which one to take? | 可是我们怎么知道选哪条? |
[22:15] | My gut says we go right. | 我的勇气告诉我走右边 |
[22:17] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[22:23] | Looks promising. | 如我所料 |
[22:31] | Just put one foot in front of the other. We’ll be out of here in no time. | 只要一步一步向前走 我们马上就能出去的 |
[22:37] | Looking good. | 情形不错 |
[22:41] | Don’t worry, direction is my sixth sense. | 别担心 我的直觉就是方向 |
[22:46] | Pay attention, Sean. It’s just like doing field work. | 专心点 肖恩 就像是在做野外工作 |
[22:50] | I used to love doing field work. | 我以前很喜欢做野外工作 |
[22:53] | -Watch out. -Ah! | -当心 -啊! |
[23:08] | You’re not studying rocks in a lab, professor. | 你可不是在实验室研究岩石 教授 |
[23:10] | -This is life or death here. -Yeah, thanks. | -这是生死攸关 -谢谢 |
[23:15] | You owe me one. | 你欠我个人情 |
[23:31] | What does this say? | 这上写的什么? |
[23:36] | That means keep out. | “禁入” |
[23:38] | -Maybe that’s decent advice. -No, no. This is great news. | -也许只是做个摆设 -不 不 这是个好消息 |
[23:41] | This might lead us to an old mine shaft and that could be our way out. | 它可能会把我们带到一个旧的矿井 找到我们的出路 |
[23:44] | -How deep do you think it is? -Can you give me one of those flares? | -你觉得这有多深? -你能给我一个信号弹吗? |
[23:48] | Thank you. Sean, look at your watch. | 谢谢 肖恩 看着你的表 |
[23:51] | I’m gonna light this and drop it over the edge | 我把它点燃 扔向深渊 |
[23:54] | and I want you to tell me how many seconds pass before it stops. | 我想要你在它停止之前告诉我过了多少秒 |
[23:57] | Okay. | 没问题 |
[24:01] | Here we go. Three, two | 来吧 三 二 |
[24:05] | Oh, God! | 哦 上帝! |
[24:13] | What? | 怎么了? |
[24:15] | What was that? | 怎么回事? |
[24:26] | Yup, magnesium. | 是镁 |
[24:29] | Must run in veins all through these walls. | 肯定是在这些墙里的缝隙里 |
[24:32] | Magnesium is kind of flammable, isn’t it, professor? | 镁是易燃的 对吧 教授? |
[24:35] | Yeah, used in flares, used in gun powder, matchsticks. | 是 用于信号弹 火药和火柴 |
[24:39] | Right, well, maybe gun powders and flares aren’t such a good idea down here. | 好吧 也许在这儿用火药和信号弹不是什么好主意 |
[24:47] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[24:48] | It’s the same principle. | 同样的规则 |
[24:51] | -You ready, Sean? -Yeah, go ahead. | -准备好了吗 肖恩? -好了 开始吧 |
[24:54] | Three, two | 三 二 |
[24:58] | One. | 一 |
[25:01] | Two. | 二 |
[25:03] | Almost three. | 接近三 |
[25:06] | Thirty-two squared by It’s 200 feet. | 32的平方是 200英尺 |
[25:09] | That’s no problem. | 没问题 |
[25:11] | It’s about your basic 20-story high-rise. | 相当于一座20层高的大楼 |
[25:15] | -You got enough rope? -I always have enough rope. | -你绳子够长吗? -我总有足够长的绳子 |
[25:17] | Well, no problem for what? | 那么 你刚才说什么没问题了? |
[25:19] | Rappelling down in there. | 绕绳下降 |
[25:21] | We’re gonna rappel down that deep, dark hole? | 我们要绕绳下降那么深 进那个黑洞? |
[25:23] | What, you got a problem with that? | 怎么了 你有什么问题吗? |
[25:25] | -Pfft. -What’s the matter? | -啐 -你怎么了? |
[25:27] | There’s no way we should be rappelling down. | 我们绝对不能下去 |
[25:29] | What are you talking about? You’re man enough to call dibs on the guide. | 你在说什么呀? 你都成熟到能追高山向导了 |
[25:33] | -But not enough to climb down a rope. -Guys. | -难道还不能顺着绳子爬下来 -伙计们 |
[25:35] | -Calling dibs on the mountain guide -No one gets dibs on the mountain guide. | -我要追她是 -没有人要追高山向导 |
[25:40] | We’re going down there. | 我们一起下去 |
[25:45] | Steady, steady. | 稳着点 稳着点 |
[25:49] | Remember, we’re all connected. | 记着 我们都在一条船上 |
[25:52] | It’s okay. | 没问题的 |
[25:56] | Looking good. | 情势不错 |
[25:59] | It’s all good down here. | 到这儿目前都没问题 |
[26:02] | Way down here. | 到这儿的路 |
[26:04] | You guys are coming down, right? | 你们也会下来 是吧? |
[26:05] | All right, Sean, I’m gonna start lowering you down really, really slowly. | 好了 肖恩 我会用很慢的速度把你放下去 很慢 |
[26:09] | So just lean back and keep your feet up high. | 所以你需要把向后靠 把脚抬高就行 |
[26:15] | You’re okay, Sean. | 不会有事的 肖恩 |
[26:16] | We’re tethered together, so nothing bad is gonna happen. | 我们被绳子拴在一起 所以不会发生什么的 |
[26:20] | Yeah, sure. | 当然 |
[26:23] | Good. | 很好 |
[26:28] | Sean, keep walking. | 肖恩 继续走 |
[26:30] | You have to keep walking. | 你得继续走 |
[26:34] | Good. | 不错 |
[26:38] | Hey, you’re looking pretty good there. | 喂 你看起来挺不错的 |
[26:40] | -Sure you haven’t done this before? -Shut up. | -你确定你以前没做过这种事? -闭嘴 |
[26:43] | Hey, you mind? Watch your step, will you? | 喂 怎么了? 你能不能小心点? |
[26:45] | I’m hanging on for my life here. | 我现在命悬一线 |
[26:48] | Okay, Sean, just make conversation with me. | 没事 肖恩 和我说说话 |
[26:52] | So, Hannah, do you come here often? | 那么 汉娜 你经常来这儿吗? |
[26:55] | Oh, give me a break. | 哦 饶了我吧 |
[26:56] | That can’t be the best line you can come up with. | 你想的这个可不是什么好话题 |
[26:59] | -I’m making conversation with her. -No, Sean, I do not come here very often. | -我正在努力和她谈话 -不 肖恩 我不经常来这儿 |
[27:04] | Ready? | 准备好了吗? |
[27:13] | Hey. | 喂 |
[27:15] | Look at all this schist. | 看看这些片岩 |
[27:17] | -What? -It’s a metamorphic rock. | -什么? -这是变质岩 |
[27:18] | Green schist, garnet schist, mica-garnet schist. | 绿片岩 石榴石片岩 柘榴云母片岩 |
[27:21] | -Oh. Schist. -It’s everywhere, look at it. I guess | -哦 片岩 -这里到处都是 看这个 我猜是 |
[27:27] | Trevor. | 特雷弗 |
[27:35] | -Get to the wall, Trevor. -I can’t. | -抓住墙壁 特雷弗 -不行啊 |
[27:38] | -I can’t, the walls widen out down here. -Your rope is caught on mine. | -抓不住 墙到这里就变宽了 -你的绳子被我的钩住了 |
[27:41] | You’re gonna take us down. I gotta cut you loose. | 你得让我们下去 我必须摆脱你 |
[27:44] | What? -Hannah, no. | 什么? -汉娜 不要 |
[27:45] | Wait a minute, wait, wait, wait. | 等一下 等等 等等 |
[27:47] | -Don’t. Don’t, don’t, don’t. | -不要 别 |
[27:49] | -Uncle Trevor. -Ah! | -特雷弗叔叔 -啊! |
[27:58] | Hey, guys, found it. | 喂 伙计们 到了 |
[28:01] | The bottom’s right here. | 到底了 |
[28:03] | Hey, Hannah, you knew that, right? | 嘿 汉娜 你知道我们到了 对吧? |
[28:07] | Right? | 对吧? |
[28:09] | Hannah? | 汉娜? |
[28:19] | Guys, what’s this? | 伙计们 这是什么? |
[28:27] | Looks like an abandoned mine tunnel to me. | 对我而言这看起来像是个被荒废的矿井隧道 |
[28:29] | That’s Old Bla’gils Mine. | 这是Old Bla’gils矿井 |
[28:32] | It was shut down 60 years ago after the big disaster. | 它在60年前的大灾难发生后被关闭的 |
[28:35] | Disaster? | 灾难? |
[28:37] | How big? | 有多大? |
[28:38] | Eighty-one dead. | 81人死亡 |
[28:40] | That’s pretty big. | 确实够大的了 |
[28:42] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[28:44] | Cowboy up. | 臭小子 跟上 |
[28:47] | Hey, Trevor, was there a mine like this in the book? | 喂 特雷弗 书里面有没有一个像这样的矿井? |
[28:51] | No, don’t think so. | 不 没见到 |
[28:55] | -Hannah? -Yup? | -汉娜? -嗯? |
[28:56] | Can I ask you something? | 能问你些事吗? |
[28:58] | Do you wonder if your father and my brother weren’t wrong? | 你有没有想过如果你父亲和我哥哥是对的? |
[29:06] | Let me make something very clear to you. | 那我给你说明一下 |
[29:09] | I am not my father. | 我不是我父亲 |
[29:11] | And the world that he belonged to has nothing to do with me. | 他的世界与我没有任何关系 |
[29:15] | I understand, of course. | 当然 我理解 |
[29:16] | I didn’t mean to say that it was or that it would be | 我不是要说他曾经是或者他将会是 |
[29:19] | -You know I’m still on the clock, right? -You’re still billing me? | -我还在计费中 你知道的 对吧? -你还在向我计费? |
[29:23] | I bill you until I’m safe in my house. | 直到我安全回到家中才算停止 |
[29:28] | -Huh. -Hannah? | -嘿 -汉娜? |
[29:36] | What’s that? | 这是什么? |
[29:38] | -This is the old generator for the mine. -Hey, you don’t want to touch that. | -这是矿井的老发电机 -喂 你别去碰它 |
[29:43] | What are you doing? | 你想干什么? |
[29:44] | There might be some volatile compounds there, you know. | 你要知道这里应该会有些挥发性化合物 |
[29:47] | -Serious generator. -Hannah, that thing could blow up. | -非同小可的发电机 -汉娜 那东西可能会爆炸 |
[29:50] | Stop throwing switches. | 别去拉开关 |
[29:51] | Don’t do that. No, wait. | 别 不 等等 |
[29:53] | Get away from that thing. | 离它远点 |
[30:03] | Okay, I take it back. | 好 我收回我的话 |
[30:12] | This is it, right? I mean, the miners, they had to get their stuff out somewhere. | 就是它了 对吧? 我是说 那些矿工 他们得把东西运出去啊 |
[30:15] | -Yeah. -These tracks could lead us out. | -是啊 -这些轨道可以把我们引出去 |
[30:18] | Hey, Hannah, how many miners got out? | 喂 汉娜 有多少矿工幸存? |
[30:21] | One. | 一个 |
[30:23] | That’s a start. I call front. | 这是个开头 我来打头阵 |
[30:26] | What? No, no, no. | 什么? 不行 不行 |
[30:27] | Come on, don’t get in there. | 快来 别进去 |
[30:29] | We don’t even know if these things work. | 我们还不知道这些东西能不能用呢 |
[30:31] | They’re not safe. | 一点都不安全 |
[30:32] | The tracks might not be safe. | 这些轨道很可能不安全 |
[30:38] | Track ahead looks good. Get in. | 轨道前段看起来还不错 进来吧 |
[30:52] | Hey, Sean, it doesn’t look safe. I wouldn’t do that. | 喂 肖恩 这看起来不太安全 我不会这么做 |
[30:55] | I think I see something. It’s | 我觉得我能看见一些东西 是 |
[30:58] | Please tell me it’s daylight. Otherwise, I don’t wanna know. | 快告诉我是日光 否则别的我都不想听 |
[31:02] | Uh | 呃 |
[31:04] | No, it’s not daylight. | 不 不是日光 |
[31:07] | Oh, we’re in deep schist. | 哦 我们在片岩深处 |
[31:17] | I wish there were seat belts on this thing. | 我真希望这里面有安全带 |
[31:19] | You’re worried about seat belts? | 你还在担心安全带? |
[31:32] | -Whoa! -Ah! | -哇! -啊! |
[31:33] | Watch it. | 小心 |
[31:45] | -Hannah. -I know. | -汉娜 -我知道 |
[31:48] | -Pull the brake, pull the brake. -No, don’t. | -快拉闸 快拉闸 -不 不行 |
[31:50] | We won’t make it. | 不能 |
[32:03] | Yeah. | 耶 |
[32:06] | Hey, great job. Thanks. | 嘿 干得好 谢谢 |
[32:10] | Guys. Stay put, Sean. | 伙计们 原位不动 肖恩 |
[32:23] | Trevor, you okay? | 特雷弗 你没事吧? |
[32:25] | Hannah, your track ends. | 汉娜 你那边轨道到头了 |
[32:30] | Jump in my car. | 快跳进我这节车厢 |
[32:32] | What? | 什么? |
[32:33] | Quick, you have to do it. | 快点 快跳 |
[32:36] | -Just jump. -I know that. | -跳啊 -我知道 |
[32:40] | Ready? Ah! | 好了吗? 啊! |
[32:48] | Trevor, your track ends too. | 特雷弗 你这边的轨道也要到头了 |
[32:55] | -Okay. -What are you doing? | -好吧 -你要干什么? |
[32:57] | Showing the proper way to save someone’s life. Come on. | 用最恰当的方式去救某人的命 快来吧 |
[33:00] | -Can I help? -Okay. | -要我帮忙吗? -好 |
[33:06] | Ready? | 准备好了吗? |
[33:22] | -Are you all right? -Yeah. | -你没事吧? -没事 |
[33:24] | Luckily, I had a soft landing. | 很走运 我找了个人肉垫 |
[33:30] | That’s two you owe me now. | 你现在欠我两个人情了 |
[33:33] | -Who’s keeping count? -I am. | -谁还数啊? -我啊 |
[33:40] | That was awesome. | 太好玩了 |
[33:46] | -What happened to you guys? -Don’t ask. | -你们怎么了? -快别问了 |
[33:53] | What’s that? | 那是什么? |
[33:58] | Where are you going? Don’t go in there. | 你要去哪儿? 别进去 |
[34:00] | What are you guys talking about? This could be our way out. | 你们在说什么呀? 这有可能就是我们的出路 |
[34:05] | There’s a hole in the wall. | 墙上有个洞 |
[34:07] | Guys, check it out. | 伙计们 快来看一下 |
[34:13] | Rubies. | 红宝石 |
[34:15] | Emeralds. | 绿宝石 |
[34:17] | Feldspar. | 长石 |
[34:19] | Uh, guys, there’s more. | 呃 伙计们 这儿更多 |
[34:35] | Diamonds. | 钻石 |
[34:38] | Bling. | 亮闪闪的 |
[34:43] | Crystals are frequently formed and found | 晶体通常形成和发现于 |
[34:49] | in volcanic tubes. | 火山管 |
[35:00] | This tube could take us back up, right? | 这个管道能让我们回去 对吧? |
[35:02] | -Uh-huh. -We’re not far from the surface. | -啊哈 -我们离表面不远对吧 |
[35:04] | -Uh-uh. -When we get out, I’m getting a Maserati. | -嗯 -等我们出去了 我就买辆玛莎拉蒂 |
[35:07] | Money is not the only thing that matters, Sean. People matter too, you know. | 钱不是唯一重要的事 肖恩 你要知道人也是很重要的 |
[35:12] | -Something like that. -Not if you have a Maserati. | -差不多就那样吧 -如果你有辆玛莎拉蒂人就不重要了 |
[35:18] | Did you guys hear that? | 你们听见了吗? |
[35:20] | Nobody move. | 都别动 |
[35:35] | Tell me that’s not what I think it is. | 千万别告诉我被我说中了 |
[35:41] | Muscovite. | 白云母 |
[35:42] | Muscovite. | 白云母 |
[35:43] | What’s muscovite? | 什么是白云母? |
[35:48] | -Muscovite is a thin type of rock formation. -How thin? | -白云母是一种超薄型的岩层 -有多薄? |
[35:51] | Well, so thin that the slightest change in weight and pressure | 薄到重量和压力的细微变化 |
[35:55] | can cause it to shatter. | 都可能会导致它粉碎 |
[35:58] | And we’re standing on a lot of it. | 我们脚下全是这种东西 |
[36:02] | Just stop. Stop. | 停下来 停 |
[36:07] | Okay, they’re stopped. | 好了 它们也停下了 |
[36:10] | I need you to walk back exactly the way we came from. | 我要你沿着原路返回 |
[36:12] | Very, very calmly, okay? | 非常 非常小心 好吗? |
[36:15] | Tread lightly. | 轻轻地走 |
[36:16] | Heel, toe. Doing good. | 脚尖 脚跟 做的很好 |
[36:18] | Doing great. Very slowly. | 很好 慢慢走 |
[36:21] | Good. Come on. | 很好 继续 |
[36:29] | That’s it. | 就是这样 |
[36:31] | That’s great. | 很好 |
[36:33] | -Really careful. -Keep going. | -要非常的小心 -继续走 |
[36:36] | No! | 不! |
[36:51] | It’s actually thicker than I thought. | 它比我们想象的要厚 |
[37:08] | We’re still falling! | 我们还在往下掉! |
[37:23] | Trevor, what’s at the bottom? | 特雷弗 底部是什么? |
[37:25] | Well, if what Verne wrote was right | 如果凡尔纳所写的是正确的话 |
[37:27] | these tunnels could go for hundreds, thousands of miles. | 这些隧道可能长达数百至上千英里 |
[37:30] | Verne was not right. | 凡尔纳是错的 |
[37:31] | Trevor, finish. What’s at the bottom? | 特雷弗 好了 底部是什么? |
[37:33] | Most likely theory is that it just ends. | 很多理论到这里就结束了 |
[37:35] | Ends? Got any other theories? | 结束了? 有没有其他理论? |
[37:39] | Well, the walls of this tunnel could have gently eroded | 这个隧道的墙壁可能已经逐渐被水腐蚀了 |
[37:42] | by water which still runs through it | 水贯穿墙壁 |
[37:44] | providing a gradual break to our fall. | 使我们的下降逐步地减速 |
[37:47] | -Kind of like a water slide. -Water slide. | -就像水滑道 -水滑道 |
[37:50] | Okay, that’s a theory. | 好吧 这是一个理论 |
[37:52] | But wouldn’t the water have formed stalagmites pointing straight up at us? | 但是 会不会水已经形成了指向上的石笋? |
[37:56] | -We’ll be skewered. -That is also possible. | -我们将会像烤肉一样被穿过 -这也是可能的 |
[38:15] | Is that water? | 那是水吗? |
[38:17] | Yes. Water. | 是 水 |
[38:18] | Water slide, water slide. | 水滑道 水滑道 |
[38:20] | Here it comes. Hang on. | 到了 抓紧了 |
[39:01] | Sean! Sean! | 肖恩! 肖恩! |
[39:04] | Sean, Sean, you all right? | 肖恩 肖恩 你还好吧? |
[39:06] | We didn’t get skewered. | 我们没有被串成烤肉 |
[39:08] | Make for the rocks. | 去岩石那边 |
[39:19] | Where’s Hannah? | 汉娜在哪儿? |
[39:21] | Hannah! Hannah! | 汉娜! 汉娜! |
[39:39] | My backpack was too heavy. | 我的背包太重了 |
[40:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[40:02] | So where does that put us now? | 我还欠你几条命? |
[40:07] | Back to one. | 还欠一条 |
[40:13] | Guys, where are we? | 伙计们 我们在哪儿? |
[40:15] | Are those stars? | 那些是星星吗? |
[40:23] | No. | 不是 |
[40:25] | That’s just the ceiling of the cave. | 那这只是洞穴顶部 |
[40:28] | Is it just me, or is the cave ceiling | 是我 还是洞穴顶部在 |
[40:33] | moving? | 移动? |
[40:36] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[40:38] | It does look like it | 它看起来像在移动 |
[40:41] | doesn’t it? | 不是吗? |
[41:05] | They’re birds. | 它们是鸟 |
[41:09] | Electric birds? | 电子鸟? |
[41:11] | They look like Cyanis rosopteryx. | 他们看起来像Cyanis Rosopteryx |
[41:14] | Only they’re bioluminescent, like fireflies or glowworms. | 只是它们像萤火虫一样只发冷光 |
[41:18] | It’s incredible. | 真是是难以置信 |
[41:31] | Cool. | 酷 |
[41:32] | Glow birds. | 发光的鸟 |
[41:45] | Have you seen these creatures before? | 你以前见过这些动物吗? |
[41:47] | Yeah, in the museum, but they were fossilized. | 是的 在博物馆 但只有化石 |
[41:49] | These things have been extinct for over 150 million years. | 这些生物已经已经灭绝超过150万年了 |
[42:05] | -Where are they going? -Hey, a tunnel. | -他们去哪儿? -嘿 一个隧道 |
[42:08] | Guys, come on. | 伙计们 跟上 |
[42:12] | Sean, wait. Wait for me. | 肖恩 等下 等等我 |
[42:41] | Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the center of the Earth. | 女士们 先生们 欢迎来到地球的中心 |
[42:50] | Max was right. | 马克斯是正确的 |
[42:53] | He was right. | 他是正确的 |
[42:55] | Max was right! | 马克斯是正确的! |
[43:01] | Your dad was right. | 你爸爸是正确的 |
[43:03] | He was right. | 他是正确的 |
[43:05] | Hannah, your dad was right too. | 汉娜 你爸爸也是正确的 |
[43:08] | They both believed | 他们都相信 |
[43:10] | in something that everyone told them was impossible. | 没有任何人相信的事情 |
[43:13] | He was right. | 他是正确的 |
[43:18] | -What’s that light up there? -I can’t tell. | -上面发光的东西是什么? -我不知道 |
[43:21] | It must be some sort of luminescent gas combination. | 应该是某种发光气体的组合 |
[43:27] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[43:29] | It’s like a terrarium. | 它就像一个生物育养箱 |
[43:32] | A terrarium thousands of miles beneath the crust of the Earth. | 一个地壳数千英里下面的生物育养箱 |
[43:38] | A world within the world. | 世界里面的另一个世界 |
[43:55] | “The waterfalls, which for a long time, could be heard flowing from a far | “这里的瀑布 长久如此 从远处便能听见它的流动 |
[44:00] | now cascaded along the towering canyon walls | 小的瀑布沿着高耸的峡谷岩壁 |
[44:04] | streaming along the rock with no end.” | 永不停止地流下击打着岩石” |
[44:07] | I mean, it’s the same thing Liedenbrock wrote. | 我的意思是 这同Liedenbrock所描写的一模一样 |
[44:09] | Are we saying that Liedenbrock the character was real? | 难道是说Liedenbrock这个角色是真的? |
[44:13] | That he existed? | 他是真实存在的? |
[44:15] | Someone came down here. Someone saw all this. | 有人来到这里 有人看到了这一切 |
[44:18] | Someone got out and someone told Verne. | 有人出去了 并且有人告诉了凡尔纳 |
[44:21] | Somebody got out? | 有人出去了? |
[44:23] | That’s the best thing I’ve heard all day. | 这是我今天听过的最好的事情 |
[44:26] | Doesn’t this just completely blow your mind? | 这难道不是很让人难以置信吗? |
[44:51] | My mind is blown, yes. | 确实很难以置信 是的 |
[45:02] | Enormous fossilized mushrooms. | 巨大的蘑菇化石 |
[45:06] | Sort of like humongous fungus. | 有点像极大无比的真菌 |
[45:12] | -Everything in the book is real? -Probably. | -这本书里的一切都是真? -也许 |
[45:14] | -And the really dangerous parts? -I was thinking about that too. | -那真正危险的部分呢? -我也在想这个问题 |
[45:17] | Right. | 对 |
[45:20] | Trevor, come quick. | 特雷弗 快来 |
[45:22] | -Sean? -Sean? | -肖恩? -肖恩? |
[45:47] | -I’m going in. -Yeah, wait up. | -我要进去了 -等一下 |
[45:50] | Hey, slow down. | 嘿 慢点 |
[45:53] | I’ll be right there. | 我去那里看看 |
[46:20] | Someone actually lived here? | 有人真的在这里住过这里? |
[46:22] | That somebody | 那个人 |
[46:26] | was Liedenbrock. | 是Liedenbrock |
[46:30] | Look at all his gear. | 看他所有的设备 |
[46:32] | All this, state of the art | 所有这一切 技术 |
[46:35] | a century ago. | 大概一个世纪前的水平 |
[47:36] | Hey, Trevor. | 嘿 特雷弗 |
[47:38] | I think I found Liedenbrock’s notebook. | 我想我发现了Liedenbrock的笔记本 |
[47:43] | Look. | 看 |
[47:45] | Looks like on the other side of those trees there’s some sort of underground ocean. | 那些树的另一边似乎是某种形式的地下海洋 |
[47:49] | Yeah. | 对 |
[47:51] | I don’t think that’s Liedenbrock’s handwriting. | 我不认为这是Liedenbrock的笔迹 |
[48:00] | It’s my dad’s. | 这是我父亲的 |
[48:04] | Trevor? | 特雷弗? |
[48:06] | Trevor? | 特雷弗? |
[48:12] | Can I talk to you for a minute? | 我可以跟你谈一下吗? |
[48:14] | Out here. | 在这里 |
[48:15] | Can you wait here for a minute? | 你能在这里等一会儿吗? |
[48:33] | Hey, I think I found Max. | 嘿 我想我发现了马克斯 |
[49:13] | I never really got a chance to know him. | 我从来没有机会去真正了解他 |
[49:20] | I mean, I wish I did. | 我的意思是我希望我能 |
[49:24] | He wrote something and I want you to hear it. | 他写了点东西 我想念给你听一听 |
[49:31] | “August 14, 1997. | “1997年8月14日 |
[49:36] | Today was Sean’s third birthday. | 今天是肖恩的第三个生日 |
[49:41] | Six weeks ago, I promised myself I would be home in time | 六个星期前 我打定主意及时回家 |
[49:44] | to give him his first baseball glove. | 给他第一个棒球手套 |
[49:48] | Now I’m worried | 现在我担心 |
[49:52] | that I’ll never get the chance. | 我将永远不会有这个机会 |
[49:59] | I set out to make an incredible discovery to share with Trevor and the world. | 我去寻找令人难以置信的发现与特雷弗和全世界分享 |
[50:05] | But now, I would trade it all | 但现在 我愿意交换这些 |
[50:10] | just to be able to watch you grow up | 来看着你一天天的长大 |
[50:13] | to be the brave and caring man | 成为勇敢和有爱心的男子汉 |
[50:17] | I am certain you will become. | 我确信你会的 |
[50:24] | Happy birthday, Sean. | 生快乐 肖恩 |
[50:28] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[50:29] | Daddy.” | 爸爸” |
[50:46] | Goodbye, Max. | 再见了 马克斯 |
[50:59] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[51:21] | According to Max’s journal | 据马克斯的日志 |
[51:23] | we’re here in this giant air pocket that’s surrounded by lava. | 我们在这个火山熔岩所包围的巨型气囊里 |
[51:28] | And during periods of intense seismic activity | 在地震活动激烈的期间里 |
[51:35] | -Like the one we’re in now. -That’s right. | -就像我们在现在 -是的 |
[51:38] | The magma that surrounds us | 我们周围的岩浆 |
[51:41] | turns this place into pretty much just a big oven. | 把这个地方变成了一个大烤箱 |
[51:44] | Was that what happened to my dad? | 我的父亲就是这么死的吗? |
[51:53] | Look, I know I’m just a kid, but I can handle this, really. | 好吧 我知道我只是一个孩子 但我可以处理好这个 真的 |
[51:56] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[52:00] | Max was planning an escape. | 马克斯计划逃出去 |
[52:01] | His notes say that temperatures down here can easily hit 200 degrees. | 他笔记上说 这里的温度可以轻易地达到200度 |
[52:06] | A human being can’t survive beyond 135. | 超过135度一个人就无法生存了 |
[52:09] | -It’s already 95 degrees. -It was 82 when we got here. | -现在已经95度了 -当我们来到这里时是82度 |
[52:12] | -Temperature’s rising quickly. -So, what do we do? | -温度上升很快 -那我们该做什么? |
[52:14] | I say that we follow Max’s plan. | 我说 我们应该继续马克斯的计划 |
[52:16] | Here’s what he wrote: | 他写道: |
[52:18] | “My analysis of the original Verne text | “我分析凡尔纳的原文 |
[52:20] | leads me to believe that across the ocean due north of my current position | 这使我相信 穿过位于我北边的海洋 |
[52:25] | is a geyser-like river which could be used to return to the surface.” | 是一个间歇泉似的河流 可以用它来返回地面” |
[52:28] | So, what we have to do is get across this ocean | 所以 我们必须穿越这片海洋 |
[52:31] | and find the geyser and just hitch a ride topside. | 并找到那条河 然后搭个顺风车上去 |
[52:35] | Topside sounds good. | 往上去听起来不错 |
[52:37] | It’s a little trickier than that. | 跟那相比有个小麻烦 |
[52:38] | It could get so hot that the water’ll evaporate. | 歇性喷泉的水可能会因为温度过高被蒸发掉 |
[52:41] | How much time do we have? | 我们有多少时间? |
[52:43] | Forty-eight hours. Seventy-two, tops. | 48个小时 最多72小时 |
[52:46] | Probably less. | 也许更少 |
[52:48] | Okay, so the question is: | 好吧 现在问题是: |
[52:50] | What is the fastest way to get across the ocean? | 怎样才能最快的穿过海洋? |
[52:52] | There’s no way we can get around it, because if we hike | 我们不可能绕过它 因为如果我们步行 |
[52:55] | Oh, we don’t have time. | 我们没有足够的时间 |
[52:57] | There’s no time to do that. | 没有时间来那么做 |
[53:01] | It’s all in the book. | 书里都写了 |
[53:09] | Hey, you all right? | 嗨 你还好吗? |
[53:11] | What’s the temperature doing? | 温度现在怎么样? |
[53:13] | It is a hundred degrees. | 100度 |
[53:23] | Eat your trilobite, Sean. We gotta keep our strength up. | 吃掉你的三叶虫 肖恩 我们必须保持体力 |
[53:27] | Attaboy. | 好样的 |
[53:33] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[53:35] | Don’t we need a center mast? | 难道我们不需要一个主桅? |
[53:37] | No. We don’t need it. | 不 我们并不需要 |
[53:40] | The wind that we want is way up there. | 我们需要的风在那上面 |
[53:42] | Thermal. It’s a lot faster than what we got down here. | 热空气 它比我们下面的风要快得多 |
[53:49] | Good job. That should just about do it. | 干的好 这样应该就可以了 |
[53:51] | Hey, I got something for you. | 嘿 我有东西给你 |
[53:59] | -What is this? -It’s a compass. | -这是什么? -这是一个指南针 |
[54:01] | It was your dad’s. | 这是你爸爸的 |
[54:03] | I remember the Christmas that your mom gave it to him. | 我记得是圣诞节时你妈妈送给他的 |
[54:06] | She wanted to make sure that he could always find a way back home. | 她想确保 他总是可以找到回家的路 |
[54:13] | And maybe it will help you find a way back to her. | 也许它会帮助你找到回到她身边的路 |
[54:23] | -Thanks, Trevor. -You got it. | -谢谢你特雷弗 -不客气 |
[54:25] | -It means a lot to me. -Me too. | -这对我很重要 -对我也是 |
[54:28] | Oh, there’s one thing you should know. Down here, the polarity is reversed. | 哦 有一件事你应该知道 在这下面南北方向是相反的 |
[54:33] | I mean, north is south, south is north | 我的意思是 北是南 南是北 |
[54:35] | and we need to bear due north across the sea. | 我们应该穿过海向北航行 |
[54:39] | You mean, south. | 你的意思是 南 |
[54:41] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[55:05] | All right, it’s starting to pick up now. | 好吧 现在把帆布拿起来 |
[55:08] | Okay, hold it. Hold it really steady. | 好 抓住 稳稳的抓住它 |
[55:10] | Good, good, good. | 好 好 好 |
[55:13] | -Good. Ready? -Yeah. | -准备好了吗? -是的 |
[55:15] | Three, two, one, go! | 三 二 一 放! |
[55:20] | -Yeah. -All right. | -好 -很顺利 |
[55:21] | Yeah. All right. | 是啊 很好 |
[55:28] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[55:31] | Go, go, go. | 走 走 走 |
[55:34] | Yeah. Keep going. | 继续下去 |
[55:43] | Whoa, we’re going, we’re going. | 哇 我们走了 我们走了 |
[55:45] | Hey, well, can you wait for me? | 嘿 嘿 你们能等下我吗? |
[55:47] | Well, get on. Come on, come on, let’s go. | 好吧 上来 来吧 我们走 |
[56:06] | He’s back. | 它回来了 |
[56:08] | Hey, little guy. | 嘿 小家伙 |
[56:15] | Seen those clouds? | 看到那些云了吗? |
[56:17] | Yeah. | 看到了 |
[56:19] | The current’s pulling us in the direction we wanna go. We should lower the kite. | 气流正在拉我们去目的地 我们应该把风筝放低点 |
[56:25] | Can’t do that. It’s a hundred and nine degrees. | 不行 已经109度了 |
[56:28] | It’s getting hotter. | 越来越热了 |
[56:29] | We need all the speed we can get. Leave it up. | 我们需要全速前进 让它飞高点吧 |
[56:38] | It’s just a little storm. | 只是一个小风暴 |
[56:39] | Ain’t no big deal. | 不是什么大问题 |
[56:48] | Something moving down there. | 下面有东西在动 |
[56:51] | Phosphorous and plankton. | 磷光和浮游生物 |
[56:53] | It’s the same thing we saw back at the beach. | 这跟我们在海边看到的是一回事 |
[56:55] | I don’t know. It looks kind of big for plankton. | 我不知道 看来这是种很大的浮游生物 |
[56:58] | Sean, we’re not at SeaWorld, so back off a little bit. | 肖恩 我们不是在海洋馆所以往后退一点 |
[57:01] | -All right? -I think it’s some sort of fish. | -好吗? -我认为这是某种鱼类 |
[57:14] | No. | 不 |
[57:22] | They’re everywhere. | 他们到处都是 |
[57:23] | Sean, I told you we’d get to the batting cage. | 肖恩 我告诉过你我们会去球场 |
[57:25] | Batter up. | 击球手登场 |
[57:27] | Okay. Let’s see what you’ve got. | 好吧 让我们看看你们能得到什么? |
[57:31] | Yeah. Line drive. | 好啊 平直球 |
[57:39] | -Sean! -Do you hear something? | -肖恩! -你听到什么了吗? |
[57:43] | -Hello? -Sean | -喂? -肖恩 |
[57:45] | -Mom? -I think we have a bad connection. | -妈妈? -我想我们的信号不好 |
[57:47] | Mom, I can’t hear you. | 妈妈我听不清 |
[57:49] | Where are you? | 你在哪儿? |
[57:50] | Uncle Trevor and I, uh | 特雷弗叔叔和我 嗯 |
[57:54] | we’re sort of on a fishing trip and | 我们在进行捕鱼的旅行 |
[57:57] | Are you having fun? | 玩得开心吗? |
[58:02] | Whoa, no, you don’t. | 哇 不 休想这么干 |
[58:03] | -Uncle Trevor just caught a really big one. -Sean? | -特雷弗叔叔刚刚抓了条大鱼 -肖恩? |
[58:07] | -My phone. -Sean, do you know how to switch hit? | -我的电话 -肖恩你知道如何变位打击吗? |
[58:11] | -Ready? -Yeah. | -准备好了吗? -好了 |
[58:14] | Out of the ball park. | 打出球场了 |
[58:16] | -Sean. -Look out. | -肖恩 -当心 |
[58:17] | I got it, I got it. | 我知道 我知道 |
[58:25] | Sean. No, no, don’t. | 肖恩 不 不 不 |
[58:27] | Get away from the sides. | 离开边上 |
[58:34] | Look what they’re doing. | 看看他们在做什么 |
[58:35] | They don’t want us. They want the fish. | 他们不会吃我们 他们吃的是鱼 |
[58:37] | Listen up. Sean, you take the tiller, we’ll get the line. | 听着 肖恩 你掌舵 我们拉着绳索 |
[58:41] | Hannah, hold the slack. | 汉娜 拉紧它 |
[58:42] | Sean, you wanna take us hard starboard? | 肖恩 右满舵行吗? |
[58:44] | What? | 什么? |
[58:46] | That way. | 那边 |
[58:51] | Come on. | 加油 |
[58:54] | -Okay. -Doing good. | -好 -做的很好 |
[58:58] | Now just let it out gently. Let it out gently. | 现在慢慢放开绳索 慢慢放开 |
[59:01] | Let it out slowly. | 慢慢放开 |
[59:02] | It’s working. | 可以了 |
[59:03] | We’re pulling clear of them. | 我们摆脱它们了 |
[59:11] | You’re the man, Uncle Trev. | 你真棒 特雷叔叔 |
[59:12] | That’s what I’ve been telling the scientific community for years. | 这些年来我一直对科学界这么说 |
[59:21] | Hannah. | 汉娜 |
[59:22] | Let me see. | 让我看看 |
[59:29] | The lines. | 绳子 |
[59:47] | -Got it. -Sean. | - 我抓到了 - 肖恩 |
[59:49] | Sean, don’t do that. No, Sean. | 肖恩 别去抓 不 肖恩 |
[59:51] | Sean! | 肖恩! |
[59:53] | -No, Sean! -Trevor! | -不 肖恩! -特雷弗 |
[59:56] | -Sean! -Hang on! | -肖恩! -抓紧了! |
[59:58] | Don’t let go! | 别放手! |
[1:00:09] | No. | 不 |
[1:01:08] | Trevor? | 特雷弗? |
[1:01:12] | Trevor? | 特雷弗? |
[1:01:20] | Hello? | 有人吗? |
[1:01:24] | Hello? | 有人吗? |
[1:01:27] | Hey, little guy. Where are we? | 嘿 小家伙 我们在哪儿呢? |
[1:01:35] | Hey, do you know where I can get some water? | 嘿 你知道在哪里可以找到水吗? |
[1:01:38] | I’m talking to a bird. | 我和一只小鸟说话 |
[1:01:40] | I must be losing it. | 我肯定是精神不正常 |
[1:01:53] | Sean! | 肖恩! |
[1:01:59] | Sean! | 肖恩! |
[1:02:06] | Wait. | 等一下 |
[1:02:11] | The wind blew him this way. | 他被风吹向这边了 |
[1:02:15] | We still heading north? | 我们还是往北走吗? |
[1:02:18] | Yeah, still north. | 对 还是在往北走 |
[1:02:20] | He’s a smart kid. He knows the plan. | 他很聪明 他知道该怎么做 |
[1:02:22] | I’m sure he’ll be waiting by the river. | 我敢肯定他会在河边等我们的 |
[1:02:26] | Let’s find that river. | 我们找到那条河就行了 |
[1:02:33] | Hey, come on, wait up. | 嘿 拜托 等等我 |
[1:02:42] | Where’d you go? | 你要去哪儿啊? |
[1:02:51] | Good job. | 好样的 |
[1:02:59] | Okay. | 好了 |
[1:03:02] | Now which way? | 现在往哪儿走? |
[1:03:09] | South. | 往南走 |
[1:03:11] | That’s good. | 好 |
[1:03:12] | The river’s north. | 河流在北边 |
[1:03:15] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:03:19] | Here, let me take that. | 让我来吧 |
[1:03:21] | -No, no, I’m fine. -Come on, let me take it. | -不必了 我没事 -来吧 让我拿吧 |
[1:03:23] | -Trevor, I’m fine. -Hannah, Hannah, I got it. | -特雷弗 我没事 -汉娜 汉娜 我来 |
[1:03:26] | Let’s just stop for a second. | 我们休息一会 |
[1:03:35] | Hey, we’re gonna find him. | 嘿 我们会找到他的 |
[1:03:43] | Drink that. | 喝了吧 |
[1:03:46] | -Is that the last of the water? -Yeah. | -就剩这么多水了? -是的 |
[1:03:48] | We’re gonna need that. Keep it. | 留着还有用呢 留着吧 |
[1:03:50] | Hannah, drink it. | 汉娜 喝了吧 |
[1:03:54] | Come on. | 快 |
[1:04:07] | Duck! | 低头! |
[1:04:10] | What the? What was that? | 什么? 那是什么? |
[1:04:15] | Large carnivorous plant? | 大型的肉食植物? |
[1:04:18] | Hannah. | 汉娜 |
[1:04:20] | Hannah? | 汉娜? |
[1:04:22] | Hannah. | 汉娜 |
[1:04:24] | Hannah. | 汉娜 |
[1:04:30] | Hannah. | 汉娜 |
[1:04:39] | Ugh. | 呃 |
[1:04:53] | Hang in there. | 坚持住 |
[1:05:02] | That’s one point for me, right? | 我又得了一分 对吗? |
[1:05:04] | Right. | 对 |
[1:05:05] | Who’s keeping track, right? | 谁那么在乎这个呢 对吧? |
[1:05:52] | I get it. | 我知道了 |
[1:05:54] | It’s a magnetic field. | 这是一个磁场 |
[1:06:21] | No way. | 不可能 |
[1:06:23] | Magnetic rocks? | 磁性岩石? |
[1:08:01] | No, no. No, no, no. | 不 不 不 不 不 |
[1:08:24] | No. No. | 不 不 |
[1:08:51] | You try that without wings. | 没翅膀你试试 |
[1:09:08] | That’s the river. | 河流在那儿 |
[1:09:09] | Geyser must be inside that cave. | 间歇泉肯定在那个洞里 |
[1:09:14] | Sean! | 肖恩! |
[1:09:28] | Where is he? | 他在哪儿? |
[1:09:30] | Where is he? | 他在哪儿? |
[1:09:49] | Trevor? | 特雷弗? |
[1:09:55] | Trevor? | 特雷弗? |
[1:10:20] | Man, I really wish I’d read that book. | 天啊 我真后悔没有看过那本书 |
[1:10:57] | I don’t see him anywhere. | 我看不到他 |
[1:11:08] | Trevor? Trevor. | 特雷弗? 特雷弗 |
[1:11:10] | Hang on a minute. What are you doing? | 等等 你要干嘛? |
[1:11:12] | I’m going to get my nephew. | 我要去找我的侄子 |
[1:11:16] | Hannah. | 汉娜 |
[1:11:18] | This is all my fault. | 都是我的错 |
[1:11:23] | Save yourself. | 你保重 |
[1:11:25] | Just go home. | 回家去吧 |
[1:11:28] | I’ll wait for you at the river | 我尽可能地 |
[1:11:31] | for as long as I can. | 在河边等你们 |
[1:11:40] | What did you do that for? | 你为什么这么做? |
[1:11:45] | Just in case. | 以防万一 |
[1:12:57] | Sean! | 肖恩! |
[1:12:59] | Sean! | 肖恩! |
[1:13:20] | Sean! | 肖恩! |
[1:13:24] | Sean?! | 肖恩?! |
[1:13:27] | Sean! | 肖恩! |
[1:13:31] | Sean! | 肖恩! |
[1:13:34] | Sean! Sean! | 肖恩! 肖恩! |
[1:13:58] | Come on! | 快! |
[1:14:03] | Oh, God, I’m glad to see you. | 天啊 很高兴看到你 |
[1:14:04] | Yeah, you too. | 是 我也很高兴 |
[1:14:06] | -Are you all right? -Yeah. | -你没事吧? -没事 |
[1:14:08] | We should go. | 我们走 |
[1:14:10] | Wait, wait, wait. | 等等 等等 等等 |
[1:14:12] | -Is that the geyser? -Yeah, that’s where we’re going. | -那是间歇泉吗? -对 我们往那儿走 |
[1:14:17] | Come on. | 快 |
[1:14:20] | -Haven’t you ever seen a dinosaur before? -Not with skin on it. | -你以前没见过恐龙啊? -没见过带皮肤的 |
[1:14:29] | He’s too fast. We’re not gonna make it. | 它太快了 我们跑不过它 |
[1:14:37] | -Trevor, what are you doing? -That’s muscovite. | -特雷弗 你要干嘛? -那是白云母 |
[1:14:40] | Same thing that we fell through before. | 这和我们刚才掉下来时的岩石一样脆弱 |
[1:14:42] | There’s no way it’s gonna hold you. | 你会掉下去的 |
[1:14:44] | It can’t hold him either. Now you run. | 它也会掉下去 你快跑 |
[1:14:46] | Trevor, no. | 特雷弗 别 |
[1:14:51] | It’s not breaking, Trevor. | 岩层还没破裂 特雷弗 |
[1:14:53] | Keep running! | 继续跑! |
[1:14:59] | -He’s gaining on you. -I know. | -它快追到你了 -我知道啊 |
[1:15:01] | Keep going. | 继续跑 |
[1:15:04] | Ah! Whoa. | 啊! 哇 |
[1:15:07] | Trevor, it’s working. | 特雷弗 岩层快裂了 |
[1:15:15] | Look out! | 小心! |
[1:15:28] | Trevor! | 特雷弗 |
[1:15:35] | I just remembered something. I hate field work. | 我刚想起来 我很讨厌野外工作 |
[1:15:39] | Trevor, come on. | 特雷弗 快 |
[1:15:44] | That was like And then you were like | 刚才似乎 你似乎 |
[1:15:46] | Yeah, I know. I’m really lucky. | 我知道 我很幸运 |
[1:15:48] | Okay, that way. | 那边 |
[1:15:50] | That, no good. That, worse. | 糟糕 那边 更糟 |
[1:15:54] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[1:16:03] | The river. How are we gonna get to the geyser? | 那条河 我们怎样才能到达间歇泉? |
[1:16:06] | -Water’s boiling. -We need something that floats. | -水很烫 -我们要找些可以浮起来的东西 |
[1:16:09] | Anything. I could use a log or | 随便什么东西 我可以用一根圆木或者 |
[1:16:10] | What we really need is a boat. | 我们需要一条船 |
[1:16:25] | Who had dibs again? | 谁又有邪念了? |
[1:16:30] | Come on, jump in. | 来吧 跳进来 |
[1:16:31] | -She is the best mountain guide on the planet. -Got that right. | -她是世界上最好的登山向导 -说得对 |
[1:16:37] | You didn’t really think you were gonna scare me away, did you? | 你不是真的以为能把我吓跑 对吗? |
[1:16:40] | You’ll have to work harder than that. | 你还要继续努力 |
[1:16:53] | I’m afraid I’ll have to charge you extra for this bit. | 恐怕你们要多付点钱给我了 |
[1:16:55] | Can I open a tab? Whoa. | 我可以要收据吗? 哇 |
[1:16:59] | What was that? | 那是什么? |
[1:17:01] | It’s not good. That’s the river bed. | 糟了 到河床了 |
[1:17:04] | We’re running out of water. | 水快干了 |
[1:17:08] | Well, guys, you might wanna hang on to something. | 伙计们 你们要抓稳了 |
[1:17:10] | This ride is about to get a little bit | 这可能会有点 |
[1:17:22] | Bumpy. | 颠簸 |
[1:17:27] | -Is everybody all right? -Yeah. | -大家都没事吧? -没事 |
[1:17:29] | Where are we? | 我们到哪儿了? |
[1:17:32] | What’s that light down there? | 什么东西在下面发光? |
[1:17:35] | That’s lava. | 火山 |
[1:17:37] | It’s magma, and it’s rising. | 是岩浆 而且还在不停上涨 |
[1:17:40] | There’s supposed to be water in this tunnel. Steam, water shooting up. | 这里应该会有水 蒸汽 水向上喷 |
[1:17:43] | We’re too late for the geyser, we missed it. | 我们错过那间歇泉了 太迟了 |
[1:17:46] | -What do we do? -Do you have any suggestions, professor? | -我们该怎么办? -你有办法吗 教授? |
[1:17:48] | Without water, no steam. Without steam, we’re not going anywhere. | 没水 没蒸汽 没蒸汽 我们哪儿都去不了 |
[1:17:52] | This place looks like there hasn’t been water here in two, three hours now. | 这里好像两三个小时都没水冒出来了 |
[1:17:55] | -But the walls are still wet. -That’s impossible, it’s 130 degrees. | -但是岩壁是湿的 -不可能 这130度了 |
[1:17:59] | -Trevor. Behind you. -What? | -特雷弗 看你后面 -怎么了? |
[1:18:03] | It is wet. | 是湿的 |
[1:18:05] | It’s cold. There’s water behind here. | 岩壁温度很低 有水在它后面 |
[1:18:08] | There’s gotta be water behind some pocket or underground river. | 肯定有水在某些地方后面或者有地下河 |
[1:18:11] | Trevor, it’s getting closer. | 特雷弗 岩浆越涨越高了 |
[1:18:13] | Hey, that’s magnesium. | 嘿 那是镁粉 |
[1:18:19] | -We’re slipping. -How many flares you got left? | -我们在往下滑 -还有几个照明棒? |
[1:18:26] | Three. What do you wanna do with them? | 3个 你想干什么? |
[1:18:28] | Gonna light the magnesium. On purpose. | 我想点燃镁粉 |
[1:18:32] | Hang on. | 抓紧了 |
[1:18:38] | Oh, come on. It’s too wet. | 噢 拜托 太湿了 |
[1:18:45] | Got to get further down. Give me another one. | 再下去一点 再给我一个照明棒 |
[1:18:49] | Hold my legs. | 抓住我的腿 |
[1:18:55] | Come on. | 快点 |
[1:19:02] | You’re gonna have to tie me off. I gotta get down lower. | 你们得用绳子绑住我 我要再下去一点 |
[1:19:05] | Trevor, it’s getting closer. | 特雷弗 岩浆越来越近了 |
[1:19:08] | That’s good. All right, ready. | 很好 好的 准备 |
[1:19:13] | It’s the last one. | 这是最后一根了 |
[1:19:32] | Trevor, be careful. | 特雷弗 小心点 |
[1:19:37] | -How’s that? -Little more. | -怎么样? -再低点 |
[1:19:38] | Hurry. | 快啊 |
[1:19:44] | -Lower? -Little more. | -再低点? -再低点 |
[1:19:46] | Okay, hold off. | 好了 就这样 |
[1:19:49] | -Come on. -Come on. | -快 -快啊 |
[1:19:51] | Come on, light. Come on. | 快 燃起来 快啊 |
[1:19:55] | Come on, Trevor. | 快点 特雷弗 |
[1:19:56] | Still wet. Gonna have to throw it to the other side. | 还是很湿 我要把火把扔向另一边 |
[1:20:18] | What? | 什么? |
[1:20:20] | No. | 别 |
[1:20:21] | No! | 别! |
[1:20:28] | Trevor, come on. | 特雷弗 快点 |
[1:20:30] | -Trevor, come on. -It’s lit, it’s lit. | -特雷弗 快点 -点着了 点着了 |
[1:20:32] | Pull! | 拉我! |
[1:20:34] | -Pull me up. -Hurry. | -拉我上去 -快点啊 |
[1:20:35] | Pull me up. Pull me up. | 拉我上去 拉我上去 |
[1:20:38] | Come on, pull it. Pull it. Pull. | 快 拉我 拉我 拉啊 |
[1:20:40] | Watch the teeth. Watch the teeth. | 小心那牙齿 小心那牙齿 |
[1:20:43] | Sean! Come on! | 肖恩! 快点! |
[1:20:45] | Get down, it’s gonna blow. | 趴下 要爆炸啦 |
[1:20:59] | This thing’s heating up. | 越来越热了 |
[1:21:00] | I know! | 我知道! |
[1:21:10] | -Hang on! -Trust me, I’m hanging on! | -抓紧了! -相信我 我抓紧了! |
[1:21:15] | Is that sky? | 那是蓝天吗? |
[1:21:31] | Hang on, everybody! | 大家抓紧! |
[1:21:33] | -Stop saying that! -It just keeps coming up! | -住嘴! -忍不住就说出来了! |
[1:22:26] | That’s Mount Vesuvius. | 那是Vesuvius山 |
[1:22:28] | Hey, Sean, if your mom asks you what you did this weekend | 嘿 肖恩 如果你老妈问你这个周末干什么去了 |
[1:22:31] | -you tell her Uncle Trevor took you to Italy. -Italy? | -你就告诉她我带你去意大利了 -意大利? |
[1:22:53] | Sean? | 肖恩? |
[1:22:55] | Sean? | 肖恩? |
[1:22:58] | What? I just took a few geological samples. | 嗯? 我只是带了一点那里的地质样品回来 |
[1:23:00] | A few geological samples? | 一点地质样品? |
[1:23:02] | A few pounds of samples, but what do you expect? I’m a scientist’s son. | 就几磅吧 你以为呢? 我是科学家的儿子 |
[1:23:08] | Look. Look. | 看 看 |
[1:23:10] | You take this. | 你拿着 |
[1:23:13] | You take. We are sorry. | 拿着 我们很抱歉 |
[1:23:22] | You want slide again? | 你们还想再滑一次吗? |
[1:23:26] | Slide is okay. It’s fine. | 滑下来没关系 没事的 |
[1:23:28] | Anything what you want. | 你们想干什么都行 |
[1:23:39] | What was that for? | 为什么这么做? |
[1:23:41] | Now we’re even. | 现在我们扯平了 |
[1:23:57] | Leonard, I’m back. Stop doing what you’re doing. | 伦纳德 我回来了 快放下你手上的工作吧 |
[1:24:00] | What am I doing? | 我在干嘛呢? |
[1:24:02] | Oh, look, you’re looking for work. | 噢 看 你在找活干 |
[1:24:04] | You don’t need to, because you have a job | 你不必找了 因为你有工作了 |
[1:24:06] | with the Asgeirsson-Anderson Institute for Tectonophysical Exploration. | 到Asgeirsson 安德森研究院去研究地壳构造考察 |
[1:24:10] | The Asgeirsson-Anderson What? | 什么Asgeirsson 安德森 ? |
[1:24:12] | Still working on the name. | 名字待定呢 |
[1:24:14] | But the point is, rising tide lifts all boats. | 但是重要的是 水涨众船高 |
[1:24:17] | Man, that’s awesome. | 太棒了 |
[1:24:18] | I think Am I a boat? | 我想 我也有份吗? |
[1:24:21] | -You’re a boat. We’re back in business. -All right, dude. | -你也有份 咱们干老本行了 -好的 伙计 |
[1:24:24] | Well, well, well. What’s all the excitement about? | 嗯 嗯 嗯 你们高兴什么呢? |
[1:24:27] | -Oh, hey, Alan. How are you? -Good. | -噢 嗨 艾伦 你怎样了? -不错 |
[1:24:28] | -What you doing? -Oh, me? | -你在干嘛呢? -哦 我吗? |
[1:24:30] | I’m moving into my new lab. | 我要搬进新实验室了 |
[1:24:33] | More importantly, where have you been? | 先说重点 你去哪儿了? |
[1:24:35] | I heard you missed your Monday lecture and both of your students complained. | 我听说你没有出席星期一的讲课 你的学生都在抱怨呢 |
[1:24:39] | Oh! | 噢! |
[1:24:41] | I took a quick vacation. Best thing I could’ve done. | 我休假去了 我做过的最棒的事 |
[1:24:44] | That is exciting. | 不错不错 |
[1:24:45] | You’ll have to promise to tell me about it, okay? | 你要答应我 把事情的来龙去脉告诉我 好吗? |
[1:24:48] | Not sure if I’ll have time, but you can read about it in Scientific American. | 不知道我是否有空 不过你可以在”科学美国人”上了解一切 |
[1:24:54] | Scientific American? | 科学美国人? |
[1:24:56] | Look, I just want to say, no hard feelings, okay? | 听着 我只想说 不要耿耿于怀 好吗? |
[1:24:58] | About the laboratory moving and expansion thing. | 不要因为实验室要搬迁和扩建而介怀 |
[1:25:01] | So I’m actually looking for my own building anyway. | 我就要去找我自己的办公大楼了 |
[1:25:03] | How exactly are you going to do that, Trevor? | 你到底是怎么做到的 特雷弗? |
[1:25:07] | Well, let’s just say I fell into a small fortune. | 嗯 这么说吧 我发了点小财 |
[1:25:12] | So tomorrow you’re gonna be a Canadian. | 明天你就成为加拿大人了 |
[1:25:14] | Yep. Looks that way. | 嗯 看起来是这样 |
[1:25:22] | I’d say that was a lot of male bonding packed into very little time. | 我要说咱俩是相处不久 感情很深 |
[1:25:26] | What do you say we take a couple weeks next time? | 下次再过来玩几个星期怎么样? |
[1:25:29] | A couple weeks? | 几个星期? |
[1:25:31] | -What are you doing over Christmas break? -Nothing. I’m free. | -圣诞假期你有什么安排? -没安排 我有空 |
[1:25:34] | I just found this in your dad’s stuff. | 我刚才在你父亲的物品里面找到这个 |
[1:25:37] | Give it a read. | 你看看吧 |
[1:25:38] | -“Lost City of Atlantis.” -Mm-hm. | -“遗失的亚特兰蒂斯” -嗯哼 |
[1:25:40] | We’ll talk. | 我们要好好谈谈 |
[1:25:45] | Sean, what is that? | 肖恩 那是什么? |
[1:25:46] | -I’m just feeding my pet. -What pet? | -我在喂宠物 -什么宠物? |
[1:25:49] | Sean. | 肖恩 |
[1:25:51] | -You think my mom will let me keep him? -I don’t know. | -你觉得我老妈会同意让我养他吗? -我不知道 |
[1:25:54] | Might not even stay here. | 有可能都不会答应让它留在这儿 |
[1:25:56] | -Look at it. -Hey, come on. | -看看它 -嘿 快回来 |
[1:25:58] | -This is your problem. -Where are you going? | -这就是你的问题了 -你要去哪儿啊? |
[1:26:01] | I got some food for you. Come on. Come back down here. | 我这有吃的呢 快回来 快回这来 |
[1:26:04] | Come on. | 快回来 |